[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 488889)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 21324 unique user posts. View catalog

File 135958797359.png - (89.27KB , 800x600 , 1.png )
488889 No. 488889 ID: 14a1d0

Expand all images
>>
No. 488890 ID: 14a1d0
File 135958799174.png - (6.81KB , 800x600 , 2.png )
488890

>>
No. 488892 ID: 14a1d0
File 135958862091.png - (11.29KB , 800x600 , 3.png )
488892

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm Happy the Rabbit and I'm here to guide you towards becoming an independent, sapient entity.

First off, are you a boy or a girl? It sounds like a simple question, but did you know gender can effect social interaction? It's true!
So, what would you like? I won't try to influence you. Strong self-identity is key for a healthy psychological make up!
>>
No. 488893 ID: c59939

Physically female but identifies as a man
>>
No. 488894 ID: f1b3ee

Be a man.
>>
No. 488896 ID: 370c40

A ghost.
>>
No. 488898 ID: 60fee2

>>488892
girl
>>
No. 488899 ID: c0c515

A goil
>>
No. 488900 ID: 60fee2

Female
>>
No. 488905 ID: c31f72

Why choose? Gender isn't restricted to just two options.
Anyways, I'm gonna say we're an androgyne.
>>
No. 488910 ID: 547f2f

I'm feeling rather MANly right now.

Swift as the coursing river.
With all the force of a great typhoon.
With all the strength of a raging fire.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
>>
No. 488912 ID: bf54a8

girl
>>
No. 488932 ID: 14a1d0
File 135959206444.png - (15.08KB , 800x600 , 4.png )
488932

Female it is then. Don't worry though. Besides a few modifications to some curves and angles, your body will be just as good as the male variety.

Now, we can move on to the fun part. You get to modify the aesthetics of your new body. Did you know that a long time ago, people didn't get to choose what they looked like when they were born? It's true!

This here is a representation of you! It might not be perfectly accurate, but you can use this to choose a skin tone and maybe even some hair. Many people enjoy having hair and some don't. You can display your creativity by adding your own hair and even clothes in the provided submission area!

[Questdis has a thread for clothing and hair style designs! It's true!]
>>
No. 488941 ID: e9b708

6!
>>
No. 488942 ID: 68bbc5
File 135959291227.png - (15.47KB , 800x600 , 135959206444.png )
488942

You gotta have blue hair!
>>
No. 488958 ID: 76b151

I'm getting serious GLaDoS vibes from this rabbit.
>>
No. 488973 ID: 14bafe

I'm finding that thinking of the bottom half-oval as a pocket, al la Chancey, and the triangle as a mouth makes it seem a lot less creepy.

>>488942
looks like pretty good though.
>>
No. 488974 ID: 60fee2

>>488932
skin tone 5. Blue hair is fine.
>>
No. 488975 ID: c59939

pure white skin, with black hair.
>>
No. 488978 ID: 328fa0

4 and blue hair, please.
>>
No. 488981 ID: d666ac

5 with non-blonde hair.
>>
No. 488986 ID: 78c6ea

Be Happy the Rabbit!
>>
No. 488988 ID: 90851f

Skintone light, blue hair.
Can we wear all blue? I wanna be all blue with white skin.
>>
No. 489010 ID: bbee3d

Adding another vote for 5 with blue hair.
>>
No. 489014 ID: 14a1d0
File 135960894564.png - (15.77KB , 800x600 , 5.png )
489014

Hoorah! You managed to create an identity for yourself AND put your pants on properly. You are destined for great things.
Now it's just a matter of a name. Your current designation of 0176-A9X5 just does not roll off the tongue.
Since it's traditionally the job of parents to give names, we can't have you naming yourself, it's true!

Your name will be "Naomi Alders"!

That's a good one! Not as good as Happy, though!
I wouldn't mind having that name if my name wasn't Happy!

Now this will be goodbye for us. You have to go out and be alive now. One final gift for your birthday celebration is five thousand quan will be added to your personal financial account.

I'm sure you'll do great! I know it's true!


--TRANSFERRING 0176-A9X5 TO HABITAT ZONE--

--STANDBY--
>>
No. 489017 ID: 65ddc7

Axis sounds good, it resonates with our default designation. At least the latter half of it.
>>
No. 489021 ID: 9073b3

>>489014

remember to dance a jig once we transport to a new area.
>>
No. 489026 ID: 908c2d

Right. Standing by then...
>>
No. 489028 ID: 2c59b3

Know that you will never have a name as good as happy, nor will you ever dance as well as happy. happy must die. we will go about our business, but SOMEDAY...
>>
No. 489051 ID: 14a1d0
File 135961942429.png - (29.89KB , 800x600 , 6.png )
489051

Suddenly Happy and the colorful field are gone, replaced by blackness and a sensation Naomi has never felt before, but somehow recognizes as falling. Falling. An effect created when a body of sufficient mass captures a smaller body in it's gravitational field. The smaller body is drawn toward the larger body and "falls" into it. She knows this, and now that she thinks about it, she seems to know pretty much everything.
Not really everything. She also knows that she doesn't know that much, but she knows everything that would be considered 'common knowledge'. Running, jumping, walking, reading, driving. She doesn't remember where she learned all this. It's all just there.

Suddenly the darkness opens up into light. Light that she is falling toward. Falling, as she now realizes, using her new, encyclopedic knowledge of the world, is bad.

Oh.
>>
No. 489052 ID: 14a1d0
File 135961945459.png - (309.00KB , 800x600 , 7.png )
489052

Naomi bursts forth into a new world of sensations. Wind rushing past her, some sort of smell. Definitely a smell of some kind, and a surge of visual information. Buildings, streets, windows, giant tube, refuse pile.
Refuse pile, falling. Falling into a refuse pile. How does she stop from falling into a refuse pile? There's nothing in here about that at all!
>>
No. 489053 ID: 76b151

Try to land on your feet!
>>
No. 489057 ID: f2c20c

>>489052
You can't stop falling. You can't fight gravity! Just try to land well and avoid hitting your head.
>>
No. 489082 ID: 1f2e32

you'll stop falling if you face downwards, flap your arms and legs and shout CHIRP CHIRP as loud as possible.
>>
No. 489083 ID: e2e25c

Put your arms to your chest and bend your head forwards to minimize the risk of breaking your neck when you hit the refuse pile. You'll probably flip over; once that happens, straighten your neck so you don't keep rolling.
>>
No. 489087 ID: 908c2d

Oh look, utopia isn't all it was cracked up to be. Give me a moment to express my genuine surprise and alarm.

>>489083
Curling up into a ball and rolling is the best way you've got to minimize damage and/or injury from a fall.

You're not in a position to try landing on your feet, and even if you were, you'd run the risk of breaking or spraining something.
>>
No. 489098 ID: 14a1d0
File 135964826239.png - (329.27KB , 800x600 , 8.png )
489098

Naomi twists wildly in the air, attempting to right herself for the approximately one second of flight time remaining in her descent, before slamming into the debris pile with a heavy thud.
Nothing seems to be broken and now she is in a more practical position to try out things like crawling, walking, anything other than falling, really.

The area is urban, but with all that has happened so far, she has to consider that everything she knows may not be applicable in this new place. As long as the tube incident is not a normal occurrence, she might be okay.
>>
No. 489099 ID: 14a1d0
File 135964834448.png - (233.27KB , 800x600 , 9.png )
489099

Another thud impacts the garbage pile, could it be another person like her?
She turns and sees that is is another person, but it does not seem to be much like her at all.
"Ah, lucky day. I got dibs on this one." It says. "Oh, oh... It's practically brand new. People these days are so wasteful."
>>
No. 489101 ID: 76b151

I think we can consider this thing hostile for now. Ask what it wants and be prepared to flee.
>>
No. 489104 ID: 4a328b

Your hand looks kinda funny, Naomi.

Let's play "keep away from this creepy person"
The rule is you don't let him touch you.
>>
No. 489105 ID: 908c2d

>>489098
Hey, you got a bionic right arm or something! (Or maybe all of you is like that, and that's just the only part not properly covered?)

>hopefully everything is normal
>creepy robot dude calling dibs on your parts
I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume this isn't normal. Or good.

Classify this thing as a likely hostile, and be prepared to get the fuck out of there, or defend yourself.

Relying on preprogrammed responses may not help much. If this thing has been collecting/hunting creatures like yourself, it likely knows those tricks. We'll have to depend on creativity and unpredictability as we can.
>>
No. 489121 ID: 1f8505

>>489099

Locate a blunt object. Prepare to use it.
>>
No. 489124 ID: bf54a8

if you cannot find a weapon, use robot hand to crush their skull.
>>
No. 489228 ID: 0298a0

tell it to come and get you if he dares, motherfucker.
>>
No. 489242 ID: 6dc5a6

Tell me there are hidden weapons on that arm of others. Keep away from this guy and make a point of getting a bayonet on your arm later on.
>>
No. 489249 ID: f2c20c

>>489099
Punch it in the face.
>>
No. 489798 ID: 14a1d0
File 135986447291.png - (374.77KB , 760x600 , 10.png )
489798

>Hey, you got a bionic right arm or something! (Or maybe all of you is like that)

Her entire body is synthetic, except her brain. Biological bodies are a rarity, since they require far more resources to operate and are more difficult to maintain.
She can worry more about that later.

She can't find anything substantial to use as a weapon, except her fists. They should hold up to a reasonable amount of abuse though.
She tells the man to keep away, saying she will hit him if he tries anything. She has no idea how effective that would be. His body looks stripped down to the point where he is quite a bit smaller and probably lighter than she is. The result of some kind of customization?

He stops and cocks his head to the side, "Ah... Alright. Sorry." he says, pausing a moment before wildly flailing his arms in the air, "No! I'm not sorry! I don't apologize to garbage! I don't listen to what trash says! You're scrap! Don't condescend to me! Ludicrous! Insane! What kind of sick joke is this? I'll rip you to pieces so you can see that you're nothing but garbage!"
>>
No. 489801 ID: 76b151

What kinda garbage looks better then you! You're the garbage. You're the one who deserves to be beaten into scrap. Come at me if you dare!
>>
No. 489812 ID: b6edd6

You don't apologize to garbage, and you just apologized to me, so I am obviously not garbage.
>>
No. 489815 ID: 78c6ea

Let him experience just what garbage is, scrap metal.
>>
No. 489819 ID: 908c2d

This is not a good situation. If he preys on others, and has modified himself from the baseline, these modifications likely serve to make him more effective at said hunting. Meaning as a baseline model yourself, you would be at a disadvantage in hand to hand combat.

He also appears to be a mentally unstable individual. While this makes him dangerous, but it is also potentially a weakness you can exploit. His behavior is irrational and erratic- if you remain calm and collected, you can function more effectively and efficiently than he can. This could make all the difference in the world in an attempt to in escape or combat him.

>>489812
Attempting to confuse him with logic before resorting to violence is worth a try.
>>
No. 489820 ID: 5d98c3

>>489798
"Cyyyycleeeeeeeesssss."

Anywho, punch him to death and loot him for components. It may be grizzly, and brutal, and will likely damage your symmetry, but it's a small price to pay for enhancing capabilities.
>>
No. 489854 ID: 9ddf68

try to calm him down first maybe see if you can get some info off him
if that falls try and bring him down in a fight but make sure you have an escape route ready just in case that bastard is a better fighter then he looks.
>>
No. 489891 ID: 78c6ea

Changing my vote to confuse him with logic.
>>
No. 489896 ID: bf54a8

"if i'm garbage then why are you looking through the trash, too poor to afford better?"
>>
No. 489903 ID: 5cf982

maybe you should

like

breathe fire on him
>>
No. 489909 ID: 67bfa9

I vote to kick his ass till he stops being crazy
>>
No. 490237 ID: 14a1d0
File 135999975494.png - (273.24KB , 800x600 , 11.png )
490237

Deciding to confuse him with the logic of a punch to the face, Naomi slams her fist into the unstable man. He seems to make an attempt to dodge, but just wavers slightly and receives the full force of the blow to the cheek, which shatters his eye and crushes in the right side of his face.
"Y-you can't... Just t-tra... Ugh." He sputters, reeling back on his heels. "You're going to be the one who's scrap if you try to mess with me," Naomi replies. The battered cyborg turns and flees, wobbling unsteadily as he staggers through over the hills of garbage. Naomi is left alone in the middle of the dump.
>>
No. 490238 ID: 67bfa9

Acquire Demesi doll in the background
>>
No. 490242 ID: 908c2d

Alright. So let's do logic with what little information you have.

You were just created, supposedly to enter a bright happy world. But from all indications, this place has fallen into serious disrepair. There shouldn't be piles of garbage in the street. Newcomers shouldn't be dumped in the scrap heap. Demented, incompetent scavengers should not prowl the streets.

Something has gone wrong. This means, for the moment, you are in danger. You have been fortunate so far, in that the first threat you encountered was poorly coordinated, mentally challenged, and incompetent. But there will likely be worse out there.

If you are to survive, you're going to need information. For the moment, the only way you can find that is by setting out to explore.
>>
No. 490246 ID: 5d98c3

>>490237
Right, what you need to do is find an airframe, any form of airframe. Then you need to salvage all the equipment necessary to repair an aircraft. After that, you should rebuild it, and fly in the opposite direction of this city.

You do NOT want to be part of a broken city. Horatio taught me that much.
>>
No. 490251 ID: 1f8505

Look around for any weapons and/or sharp objects.
>>
No. 490253 ID: 001618

see if there is anything that you can use as a weapon, if there is anything like a map around, and start looking for a good place to hold up incase we are going to be here for a while
>>
No. 490258 ID: b6edd6

>>490251
Bludgeoning objects work too.
>>
No. 490277 ID: 78c6ea

>>490246

Couldn't you just... walk in the opposite direction of this city? Sure it's slower, but where the hell are you going to find an airplane, much less time and peace to repair it? Anyway our objective is not to die out in the wilderness but to end that smile on Happy's better named face forever.
>>
No. 490286 ID: 14a1d0
File 136001437782.png - (462.41KB , 800x600 , 12.png )
490286

>Acquire Demesi doll in the background
The toy is moist and threadbare. Not really a useful object to carry around.

>Look around for any weapons and/or sharp objects. Bludgeoning objects work too.
Not much of anything laying around looks particularly sturdy. It's all garbage.

>Leave the city
There is no real indication of where 'outside' the city would be, let alone what would be out there.

Naomi sets out to explore, cautiously stepping out for the waste area onto the street. There are a few people roaming around. It is hard to tell from a distance, but the majority seem a little more 'normal' than her first encounter with the scavenger. The fact that she was dropped out of the sky seemingly at random for no apparent reason does seem off somehow. Is the system in control of this place just fabricating people to inhabit it? What reason would it have to do that?
Other than that, everything seems to be the way it should be. Stores, apartments, offices. Maybe it was just a glitch?
>>
No. 490287 ID: bf54a8

say hello to a random person.
>>
No. 490288 ID: 908c2d

Approach the "normal" areas of town cautiously. Just in case things aren't as nice as they seem.
>>
No. 490290 ID: 57a559

"Hello, I was just born and designedby a bunny called HAPPY and then a tube threw me in the dump. Is that normal? The robot scavenger didn't seem to imply it was normal, it tried to eat me! Said I was trash and had no rights basically."

Say something to that effect.
>>
No. 490297 ID: 1f8505

>>490286

Enter ArSys.
>>
No. 490311 ID: 78c6ea

>>490290

Right, let's make sure to let all the other killer robots know we're fair game. That's such a great idea.
>>
No. 490393 ID: 5d98c3

>>490290
We are incomplete. Our arms are unfinished. Let us simply shanghai the Cyborg to be our guide, and keep him in line with threats of cannibalization.
>>
No. 490484 ID: 14a1d0
File 136004654744.png - (272.12KB , 800x600 , 13.png )
490484

>designed by a bunny called HAPPY
But she designed herself, right? Happy was some kind of interface program.

>We are incomplete. Our arms are unfinished.
They seem to work well enough. All her fingers move the way she wants and upon closer inspection of other people, most of them have similar designs.

>Enter ArSys.
It looks like it might be a store or business of some kind. The other buildings are unmarked. Probably residential. It might even be something useful, so she begins to make her way down the street toward the ArSys building.
>>
No. 490495 ID: 908c2d

For the moment, let's remain cautious. It's possible that letting on you're new, or you don't know what's going on, could be dangerous.
>>
No. 490527 ID: ebe421

enter, browse, check the prices. ask around in the store (assuming it's a legit store in which the owner wouldn't want any trouble) how you could pay for stuff. ask for work, maybe.
>>
No. 490655 ID: 35037c

This entire situation is interesting, try finding a building that looks informational to acquire more knowledge about the word around you, and for the philosophical question you will be having soon.
>>
No. 490663 ID: 6dc5a6

Look for some exotic parts and remember where there are for later. You may want to come back later to steal or purchase fancy parts.
>>
No. 490756 ID: 9ddf68

well you were attacked once already so even if it was just a random event that you just happen to be misfortunate enough to be the victim of it still shows that the city IS dangerous so try to keep some kind of escape route it sight at all times (ally ways,doors, widnows, ect.), And maybe see if there is some kind of police force in this city.
>>
No. 491268 ID: 14a1d0
File 136029728059.png - (90.99KB , 800x600 , 14.png )
491268

Naomi enters the brightly lit lobby of the ArSys building. A woman behind the counter greets her as she walks in, "Welcome to Armature Systems. How can I help you?"
>>
No. 491271 ID: bf54a8

okay, she seems to be using super sleek parts, so you are unlikely to be taken apart. explain you were... just built? i suppose.
>>
No. 491273 ID: 67bfa9

get some of that nifty skin stuff that she has
>>
No. 491276 ID: 8f5752

get an arm with a chainsaw built into it.
>>
No. 491279 ID: 9ddf68

ask what she selling
>>
No. 491284 ID: 908c2d

Oh. Okay. This looks like a place for augmentation. Odd, for a world where you start custom built to your own specifications.

That, and the fact that there are scavengers, implies this stuff isn't free. And you don't have anything to make purchases with.
>>
No. 491292 ID: b6edd6

>>491284
Actually we might. We got five thousand quan on creation, which may or may not mean anything depending on whether that currency has collapsed. It definitely wouldn't hurt to ask.
>>
No. 491294 ID: f2c20c

>>491268
Explain you're new in town and you have no idea what's going on at all really. Some dude in the junkyard tried to attack you or something.
>>
No. 491306 ID: 5d98c3

>>491268
Ask for police-grade subdermal armor and a basic skin-sheathe for your arms to prevent grit buildup. Also inquire as to the flexibility of their payment plans and possible prefered customer status.
>>
No. 491307 ID: 76b151

I doubt we have the money to buy anything. Just asking for general information on the city seems to be enough. Or if she isn't willing to spend time with us where to get that information.
>>
No. 491311 ID: 35edd4

You're new here and wtf.
>>
No. 491313 ID: b33427

Ask for a copy of the company sales catalog, so you can peruse their offerings. Then say that you're new here... Actually, you're just plain new; Fell out of a chute in the sky not more than an hour ago. You also don't know what to do or where to go, since who- or whatever designed your memory-set failed to include the sections on "WTF is this place," "what am I," and "why am I here." She wouldn't happen to have a newbie's guide back there, would she?
>>
No. 491353 ID: f0d2e5

>>490527
>>
No. 491385 ID: 440525

Tell her you need information.
>>
No. 491462 ID: 14a1d0
File 136036564719.png - (93.30KB , 800x600 , 15.png )
491462

Naomi tells the woman that she was just born or built or both and fell out of the sky, fought off a weird robot man and came here and immediately proceeds to barrage her with questions.

"First of all, happy birthday. My name is Lin and I'll try to clear up some things for you. I've never met anyone this new, but don't worry. After the first few days, everything kind of falls into place," she says with a smile. "Now, where to start?"

>Where am I?
"You're in downtown Montreal. Not the original Montreal, but a lot of cities are named after ancient settlements."

>What am I?
"Oh, this is a bit more philisophical. You're a person? If you're wondering more about your body, it's a standard model. Brand new, obviously. It's sensory input is on par with a natural human body, the strength and dexterity are a bit better. It has far greater durability and although I wouldn't advise doing anything reckless to test that claim, if you should find yourself in a situation where you might be hurt, protecting your head should be the priority, if you can.
Also, any minor damage will be repaired by internal nanites, so as long as you take care of yourself, it won't break down."

>This looks like a place for augmentation. Odd, for a world where you start custom built to your own specifications.
"You do get to choose your initial appearance, but bodies are standard. The market for advanced customization is quite large. From minor cosmetic modification to full body replacement. There's a demand for it all."

>Ask for a copy of the company sales catalog, so you can peruse their offerings.
"While we do offer a few predesigned products, most of our business is in customized parts, since default bodies are slightly randomized, prefitted parts are less viable. "

>get some of that nifty skin stuff that she has
"Oh yes! This model boasts enhanced tactile response and high levels of flexibility, thanks to it's soft materials. It's very similar to natural flesh, with regenerative abilities. Many people also find the aesthetics of this model to their liking.
I wouldn't recommend it for anything requiring heavy exertion, as it is relatively easy to damage, but for anything a delicate touch, it is absolutely top of the line!"

>get an arm with a chainsaw built into it.
"Ah... "

>Ask for police-grade subdermal armor and a basic skin-sheathe for your arms to prevent grit buildup. Also inquire as to the flexibility of their payment plans and possible prefered customer status.
"That is quite the order. Assuming you want to mount on this on your existing body, plus structural reinforcements on the arm. The estimated cost of these modifications is 23,000 quan. You might have less issue with would-be attackers with this," she laughs nervously.
>>
No. 491466 ID: f2c20c

>>491462
Okay. How do we get more quan?
>>
No. 491467 ID: 5d98c3

>>491462
Ask how much it is for a more basic strength boost instead of the chainsaw. Cmon, it only costs four times our starting cash WITH the chainsaw, we can just beat scavengerbots to death and loot them when they attack us for the rest. That's Darwinism, baby!
>>
No. 491468 ID: bf54a8

hrmm... do we need to eat? anyway, we should just do some jobs i guess to get moolah.
>>
No. 491470 ID: b6edd6

Ask what kind of things we can get for about 4000 quan.
>>
No. 491472 ID: 908c2d

Okay, we probably don't want to blow all our moolah on augmentations right now. Presumably, we're intended to use some of that money to get ourself situated before we find a way to earn a living. I mean, we probably need food/fuel, or a place to live... etc.
>>
No. 491478 ID: 772c81

>>491467
>implying scavengerbots have anything of value

There's a reason that "robbing hobos" isn't a career.
>>
No. 491479 ID: 4a328b

Ask about the cost of her type of body model, ask about other popular body models, ask if you need food and such, ask about how to get a job, and don't forget to thank her for helping you with all this, it's really kind of her.
>>
No. 491486 ID: 67bfa9

ask how much the synthetic skin costs
maybe it's cheap?
>>
No. 491488 ID: 03fd46

We could also ask about why the computer producing us detected a population imbalance... it seems pretty vivid here and full of "persons" of our kind...
>>
No. 491491 ID: 35edd4

Why were we dumped on a trash heap? What was the deal with the scavenger? Where can we find work/housing? Is there some sort of welcoming committee that's supposed to be telling us this so we don't have to harass random secretaries?
>>
No. 491504 ID: 256d52

>>491479

I was going to suggest something but this already covers everything I wanted to say! Popular mods, any pressing mechanobiological issues, jobs, and thanks for answering the occaisonally deranged questions of a quest protagonist.
>>
No. 491537 ID: 14a1d0
File 136038402220.png - (99.40KB , 800x600 , 16.png )
491537

>Ask how much it is for a more basic strength boost instead of the chainsaw.
"That would depend on the extent of the augment and how compact you want it to be."

>Ask about the cost of her type of body model, ask how much the synthetic skin costs
"It's not just skin. It's a full body frame, synthetic muscle system and nanocell skin with enhanced nerve response and sensory range. The standard model in an average size is 60,000 quan."

>Okay. How do we get more quan?
"Jobs in the service industry; stores, restaurants, structural or mechanical repair. Buying and selling commodities, company stocks. There's a lot of ways. There's even bounty hunting, combat expositions and extreme sports for the more adventurous individual."

>we can just beat scavengerbots to death and loot them when they attack us for the rest.
"Well, intentionally killing someone is a serious offense outside of legitimate self-defense and collecting bounty heads of high class offenders. So be careful about that unless you want to be the one being collected on.
Alright, a quick word on how the law works. You are free to do whatever you like, so long as your actions don't infringe on someone else's freedom to do that they want. That basically means that it is illegal to steal, damage or destroy someone's property, body, life or restrict them against their will. Actual murder will cause a bounty to be placed on you that anyone can collect on.
Any offense sort of causing the brain to cease functioning is actually just kind of an inconvenience, but that doesn't mean people won't take exception to it."

>What was the deal with the scavenger?
"People can do what they want. Threatening to strip someone down for parts is kind of frowned upon, though."

>Why were we dumped on a trash heap?
"Random distribution. Try not to take it too hard."

>Popular mods, jobs, and thanks for answering the occaisonally deranged questions of a quest protagonist.
"It's so wildly varied it's hard to say."

>any pressing mechanobiological issues
"Nothing I can think of. All the technology has long since reached a state of flawless performance, for normal use."

>thanks for answering the occasionally deranged questions
"Oh no, it's no problem. Things are usually quiet this time of day anyway."

Now Naomi has some answers about some things. What she should do now is still up in the air. She has a body, mind and currency and she can do whatever she wants with them.
>>
No. 491541 ID: 67bfa9

Lin seems like a pretty chill chick
make friends

ask if you can maybe work part time for her, or if she has some random tasks that need doing.

maybe if you're nice enough and build enough rep she'll give you discounts!
>>
No. 491543 ID: 11a38f

>>491537

lets be a part time mechanic and bounty hunter! that way we can build our own stuff and graft it to our arms.
>>
No. 491548 ID: 9ddf68

I firmly belive we should get into some kind of mechanic background. weather it be just as a hobby or a full time job it would be very usefull in a world of robots/cyborgs. We could even make our own custom mods if we get good enough or at the very least we should get to the point were we could fix ourselfs if we get badly damged. Maybe focus on some of the more 'adventurous' jobs later but if we do i think we should get some decent wepons and/or mods first.
>>
No. 491564 ID: 6dc5a6

Ask where Lin got dumped when she was born and if she knows anyone called "Happy".
>>
No. 491566 ID: 908c2d

>Random distribution. Try not to take it too hard.
Oh. Well, we're not bothered, really. Kind of relieved to discover that it doesn't mean that the system had broken down or something.

So... what do new people usually do, anyways? This place is cool, but I think we've established these kinds of augmentations are currently more than we can afford.
>>
No. 491568 ID: 5d98c3

>>491537
I like her. She's nice. Ask what happened to the Organics, and if she knows anyone named Horace.
>>
No. 491574 ID: b33427

First order of business is renting a place to stay, so you'll have a safe base of operations and a place to stash your things, once you have things. You don't need a lot of space or anything special right now, so get a hole-in-the-wall apartment with the very basics for now, to conserve your cash. Ask Lin where to go to check the listings for open apartments.

Since studying mechanics and cybernetics sounds like a good idea, ask Lin what offerings are around for someone who wishes to better their knowledge and skill in the technical fields for little to no money. Even just a public library would be a start; You can buy used tools and supplies to try stuff later.

Before leaving, ask Lin what it would cost to have an emergency homing beacon and transponder installed in your head, right next to the brain-case, of the kind that you could activate in case you're trapped under rubble, your body below the neck was stolen, or you sustain enough damage you can't move your limbs at all. You'd also like one that'd auto-activate in case it detects near-fatal levels of damage inflicted. Also inquire about setting up an auto-bounty account for your rescue, so if the emergency beacon does go off you aren't relying totally on a good person coming along to save you. You won't be able to put anything into it right now, but knowing how to go about it when you do will be fine for now.
>>
No. 491592 ID: f2c20c

>>491537
Let's get a basic weapon. Say, a forearm blade or something like that. Something within our budget. Well, before we get a weapon we should probably find out how much it costs to get a place to stay. Also, what about food? Does this body consume organic matter for sustenance or do we just plug in somewhere?

As for what job we can take, well, bounty hunting is exciting. What sort of extreme sports are there, though? That could be cool too.
>>
No. 491618 ID: c72f24

does sex work for robutts? also, is there a job available here?
>>
No. 491925 ID: 14a1d0
File 136054998468.png - (216.79KB , 800x600 , 17.png )
491925

Naomi gets herself settled into an apartment and quickly learns a good deal about cybernetics repair and maintenance, in order to become an assistant to a cybernetics technician.
She makes enough to sustain herself, and considers bounty hunting as a more lucrative career, but going after hardened criminals without some combat upgrades is probably more suicidal than she would like. She does do some repairs on people in the more dangerous trades, though. They seem to be some of the more... eccentric members of the population and the bounties they hunt are likely just as wildly varied.

After all these thousands of years of human history, things have advanced to the point where there is no real reason to fight, yet people still find reasons; only now there is much less risk, anything that does not kill you can be shrugged off. Are they just doing it for the thrill?

That's insane, but in the back of her mind, Naomi feels the urge to indulge in the insanity. Just a little, to see what all the fuss is about.

Maybe just a simple weapon mod for dealing with something small to start.
>>
No. 491927 ID: 908c2d

If we're going to go this route, we should do it as techno-mage / gadgeteer. If we understand (some of) how cyborgs work, we can make weapons designed to interfer or disable the functioning of mechanical parts / bodies / weapons.

Make yourself a pulse EMP blaster, or something, to start. (We'll obviously need more specialized gear before going after combat-hardened people with shielding, but that should be enough for punks). And get some speed / reflexes / dexterity upgrades. Good for battle, and your day job.
>>
No. 491929 ID: 57a559

>>491925
Get a Super Stun weapon.
Or a shoulder mounted rocket launcher
or a retractable dildo sword
>>
No. 491938 ID: 67bfa9

how much money have you saved up?

do you have enough to buy something from Lin?
>>
No. 491941 ID: 6dc5a6

There's always room for insane thoughts. Here's another one, investigate the system that created you and potentially start a civil war.

Can you get any upgrades that let you sneak up on robots?
>>
No. 491942 ID: 78c6ea

INSTALL SOUL TO PRIMARY CHEST CAVITY
>>
No. 491947 ID: 4a328b

The cyborg equivalent of a tazer. For self-defense purposes.
>>
No. 491948 ID: 908c2d

>>491929
I could get behind a stun gun and/or collapsible electric blade (cutting and/or stunning).
>>
No. 491951 ID: 32e092

Electrolaser. Accurate and configurable for anything from 'temporarily disable' to 'set on fire'.
>>
No. 491952 ID: 9ddf68

depending on how good you are at cybernetics now maybe you can MAKE a few upgrades for yourself, like being faster, stronger, or even more durable and make yourself a simple weapon.
It would probly be cheaper if you made it yourself instead of just buying the upgrades so that would leave you a little more speending money. but if you can't build your own upgrades yet just buy what you think would be most helpful/useful
>>
No. 491956 ID: 5d98c3

>>491925
Gamma Ray Laser, explode all the things! Also, begin gathering materials for a Space Ship. Fuck this place, let's go somewhere else and build our own civilization. With blackjack, and hookers.
>>
No. 492007 ID: 8fca75

Hm, maybe you could use those technical skills to jurry rig upgrades and nerve resistors, that way you don't have to buy a lot of stuff, just scavenge stuff and use your new skills!
>>
No. 492022 ID: 6aef5b

lightsabers

as many of them as possible

then I can dress up as you for Halloween and convince people I'm Slutty General Grievous
>>
No. 492049 ID: 522afb

DON'T DO IT! Let's keep being productive members of society and lead a socially acceptable life! I don't want us to get hurt, we're too cute for that!
>>
No. 492058 ID: 2f4b71
 

If GRASERs or Electrolasers are unavailable; piston-fist.
>>
No. 492155 ID: 5d98c3

>>492058
Yes. After Grasers, Pistons are the BEST weapon.
>>
No. 492476 ID: 252e1b

>>491956
A gamma ray laser isn't simple. Anything that involves sizable amounts of radioactive materials (and especially specific radioactive isomers) isn't going to be cheap or simple.

If you want simple, go with something tried and true, like a gun. If you want to get fancy, a gun that fires armor-piercing rounds.
>>
No. 492477 ID: 5d98c3

>>492476
That's BORING! YOU'RE BORING. And Grasers don't NEED radioactive materials, they're based around creating a medium of particles that will GENERATE a gamma-ray when charged by the laser's powersource. The more you know!
>>
No. 492538 ID: 78c6ea

Could we save the giant robot ideas until we actually have/are a giant robot? Putting these weapons on anything aside from a mobile fortress would take considerable shenanigans that may not be compatible with physics and/or logic.
>>
No. 492547 ID: 5d98c3

>>492538
Oh, so only giant robots can have grasers and rusty metal skullguns now? Nonsense. We need some kind of defensive upgrade, we were attacked not two seconds after being born in this hellscape.
>>
No. 492566 ID: 2f4b71

>>492476
A Free Electron Laser can generate a coherent Gamma-ray beam without the need for a radio active source (as could a traditional lasing medium of the correct composition pumped to sufficient energy, though you'd need Gamma-ray 'mirrors').

On second thought, piston-leg rather than piston-arm. Free jump-assist, and kickboxing robots aren't all that common.
>>
No. 492568 ID: 6aa8b1

Elecrolaser is simple and affective, and has some pretty awesome options for upgrade. Generating a zeta pinch inside someone's robotic body = indefinitely disabled enemy's that require hardware replacements to fix, and there's little chance off damaging their brain. and we can do lots of other cool things to.
>>
No. 492583 ID: 5d98c3

>>492566
Free Electron Lasers DO sound pretty sweet, but would they generate Spontaneous Fission Reactions like a pure Graser would?

Also, Jumpy Legs are best legs. Kangaroos are death on two hippity hops.
>>
No. 492584 ID: bd1d08

A flip-out knife in your forearm.
>>
No. 492648 ID: 5d98c3
 

>>492584
So you want us to be like this?
>>
No. 492649 ID: ad76be

>>492648

hell to the yes.
>>
No. 492667 ID: 32f0e3

>>492058
Piston fist or power fist sounds amazing.
>>
No. 494491 ID: a7824f

>>492667
Piston fist would be unwieldy and imbalanced.
An ideal place for a piston would be near her center of gravity.

Crotch-piston. Marks would surrender on sight.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason