[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 754739)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 21324 unique user posts. View catalog

File 147717983901.png - (11.57KB , 800x600 , title.png )
754739 No. 754739 ID: 395c02

>"Hey, uh, what was your name. Koror?"
"Yeah, Koror."
>"I just thought I'd let you know that you're gonna be leaving radio range here in a little bit."
"Right."
>"Which pretty much means this is the last time I'm gonna talk to you, probably, so let me just make sure I went over everything."
Expand all images
>>
No. 754740 ID: 395c02
File 147717987823.png - (16.14KB , 800x600 , 1.png )
754740

>"Let's see, we went over controls, you said you guys had something figured out for fuel already, maintenance is straightforward and I told you how to pull up the instructions if you needed them... Well, uh, like I said, this thing should be able to handle itself. The navigation AI is a little... antiquated, but for just getting from point A to point B you shouldn't have any trouble. You said you guys cleared out a landing space, right?"
"Yeah, we did."
>"Remember, you'll have to land manually, but it'll walk you through it. Real easy. ... Well. Uh. Any questions for me?"
"Not that I can think of."
>"Right. Uh. Good luck, kid."
"... Thanks, I guess?"

Kid??

... I have already forgotten that guy's name. Oops.
>>
No. 754741 ID: 395c02
File 147717990887.png - (17.08KB , 800x600 , 2.png )
754741

Oh well.

Man.

This is so cool. I never thought I'd actually get to fly anything.

... I mean, even if I am pretty much just sitting here making sure the autopilot doesn't quit on me. I'm still up in the air!
>>
No. 754742 ID: 0d857a

If autopilot's on, do a little dance to celebrate!
>>
No. 754743 ID: 286d17

Well, hello, little red tourist dude! How are you doing?

Also, do you happen to know where we are or where we are going?
>>
No. 754744 ID: 398fe1

>>754741
Where are you going?
>>
No. 754745 ID: 3abd97

>>754741
You're totally crashing in the wilderness surrounded by horror monsters, aren't you.

So, before the inevitable happens: what are you supposed to be doing with this thing? Your hive bought an aircraft and you're flying it home?
>>
No. 754746 ID: 180f83

Hello, we are your navigation AI. How are you today?

(unless we're not, in which case...)

look around the ship.
>>
No. 754747 ID: 3373e2

Hey this seems like it might be a nice trip, maybe somewhere Tropical or Jungle-y?
>>
No. 754751 ID: 211d83

Well might as well run some flight checks. See if the cargo has shifted and double check all the systems.

Then sit back and enjoy the view for awhile.

When we scheduled to land anyway?
>>
No. 754752 ID: 91ee5f

And now to bust out the most overused line that has ever been spoken on any kind of trip: "Are we there yet?"
>>
No. 754754 ID: db0da2

Listen here Koror, and remember well, this is very important. No matter what anyone ever tell you, your hat is a perfectly normal size, it is NOT too small for your head and it looks great on you. Plus, it keeps the sun out of your eyes. Never take it off.
>>
No. 754920 ID: f9085a

Whip it out and jack off the side into the ocean.
>>
No. 754955 ID: d9f316

Find Map.
>>
No. 754960 ID: 395c02
File 147727156389.png - (19.13KB , 800x600 , 3.png )
754960

>You're totally crashing in the wilderness surrounded by horror monsters, aren't you.
I sure hope not! I don't think horror monsters live on small volcanic islands, though.

>Never take your hat off.
Of course not! Besides, I don't like how bigger hats pin my ears down.

>See if the cargo has shifted and double check all the systems.
I mean... I guess I really did forget his name already... but he walked me through all that stuff when I actually took off. So it's taken care of!

There's nothing in the cargo hold right now, anyway.

>Where are you going?
That's a silly question to be asking myself! My hive just bought this thing, and I'm the closest we have to a pilot, so I'm heading back to the island we live on.

>Are we there yet?
This thing is not super fast so it'll probably be another hour and a half. I think. A while, anyway.
>>
No. 754962 ID: 99bd8f

How do you pronounce your name? Core-er? Ko-Roar?
>>
No. 754963 ID: c441c1

set up a bucket trap above the door for the inspection crew.
>>
No. 754965 ID: 211d83

So whats the plan for the ship once you get back? Going to use it to transfer good your hive makes to market? Shuttle people around?

Do you have a spot to park it back home? Might be a good idea to make sure you have a good landing spot beforehand.
>>
No. 754968 ID: 3abd97

>>754962
Personally, I assumed it rhymes with "horror".

>I'm the closest we have to a pilot, so I'm heading back to the island we live on
If your hive doesn't have anyone trained as a pilot, what are you doing buying a plane?

If you're not a pilot, what's close to one? I mean, what are you / what do you do?

How big is your hive, anyways? Do you focus or specialize in anything?

Take a look at the dials and gauges. Everything coming up green?
>>
No. 754971 ID: 180f83

An hour huh? maybe check out the instructions to pass the time since we have nothing better to do.
>>
No. 754977 ID: 286d17

Well, it looks we are in for a long while of nothing. Not even clouds in the sky; just the sun and waves for [distance units].

Did you have something you planned to do during this hour and a half? Maybe you should just set an alarm and nod off for a bit.

What could possibly go wrong?
>>
No. 754998 ID: 91ee5f

>>754960
Ah! There's an evil looking face on the steering wheel! Punch it to honk the horn!
>>
No. 755015 ID: 0d857a

Dance giddily and tell us about your hive.
>>
No. 755021 ID: 71d443

>>754960
>I don't think horror monsters live on small volcanic islands, though.
I got bad news for you mate: they're called Isla Nublar and Monster Island.

Put on the radio!
>>
No. 755374 ID: 395c02
File 147744062684.png - (10.65KB , 800x600 , 4.png )
755374

>How do you pronounce your name? Core-er? Ko-Roar?
It's the second one.

>they're called Isla Nublar and Monster Island
Those do not sound like real places. Well, maybe that second one could be a theme park or something.

>set up a bucket trap above the door for the inspection crew.
The "inspection crew" is probably going to just be me and one other person, and knowing me, I'd forget I'd done it and then brain myself with the bucket or something.

>If you're not a pilot, what's close to one? I mean, what are you / what do you do?
I'm mostly the computers guy, but I've also sunk like four thousand hours into a reasonably accurate flight simulator, which is around four thousand more than anyone else on the island.

I mean, yes, it would have made more sense to get someone with flying experience and then buy a ship, but that's not how the actual opportunities to do either of those things worked out, and we have to take what we can get!

>So whats the plan for the ship once you get back?
Well, some of us are going to practice flying it, of course. But mostly it's just to reduce travel time to the other island that we can actually buy things from, which has been a pretty desperate problem for a while now since we don't really have that many good boats. And this was cheaper.

>Do you have a spot to park it back home? Might be a good idea to make sure you have a good landing spot beforehand.
That other guy specifically asked me about that already! We cleared some space. Plus, this thing can land vertically so we don't exactly need a lot of it.

>How big is your hive, anyways? Do you focus or specialize in anything?
There are several dozen of us right now! And I guess if we specialize in anything it's "being able to survive on a volcanic island in the middle of the ocean with minimal outside contact", so mostly we're good at fishing? I think we used to be some kind of logistics hive back before we fled here, but that's way before I was born. I've heard things were bad for a long time, really, but as long as I can remember we've been doing pretty much okay.

>Maybe you should just set an alarm and nod off for a bit.
But I'm actually in the sky, though. Why would I want to sleep through that?!

>Put on the radio!
I'm probably not gonna pick up too much out here! Wish I'd brought my own music, now.

Maybe I'll just look out the window for a while...
>>
No. 755375 ID: 211d83

Watch out for the giant bird out there. Also for giant underwater kraken monsters.

Oh why did your hive flee to a island? Some sort of hive fight before uplift?
>>
No. 755376 ID: b412df

What's that in the distance? Is it a bird or something?
>>
No. 755377 ID: 3abd97

>>755374
Hey dude, what's that other thing in the sky, over there? Another plane? One of those giant moton birds? (I hope you shelled out for the acid resistant paint extra)!
>>
No. 755389 ID: 286d17

Is flying not a normal thing for you? The vehicle you are in doesn't seem the most aerodynamic. Surely with technology like this flight is a simple thing?
>>
No. 755401 ID: 594c18

So, what is your plan for fuel?
Also yeah birb.
>>
No. 755412 ID: db0da2

Work out to pass the time. You can never have too much muscle.
>>
No. 755483 ID: aeb2dd

>>755374
well it's a lovely cloudless day for looking out over the horizon, oh hey what's that?
>>
No. 755485 ID: bc4cbf

This is exiting.
You are exited.
Jack off.
>>
No. 755490 ID: 91ee5f

>>755374
There's something off in the distance coming straight for you! Quickly, activate the weapons in case it happens to be hostile! But don't shoot at it unless it attacks you first, it wouldn't feel right to shoot something that isn't hostile!
>>
No. 755545 ID: 395c02
File 147752773106.png - (9.11KB , 800x600 , 5.png )
755545

>Oh why did your hive flee to a island? Some sort of hive fight before uplift?
No, after that, during the big ultrahive wars. We were pretty much a cog in the machine for... I forget the name of it but it's not around anymore. Anyway, my understanding is that, as the ultrahive's position got worse and worse, we started exploring different ways to get out before we ended up too directly involved in fighting. We went with the islands mostly because we happened to get ahold of a big oceangoing boat right around the time things got bad enough that we needed to make a quick decision.

In retrospect, it might have worked out better to try to line up with one of the other ultrahives instead, but we didn't think that would work out well at the time. Or something. I was born after we got to the island so it's not like I was actually there for any of this.

>Surely with technology like this flight is a simple thing?
Flight is a simple thing if you have consistent access to this level of technology, but we've been running mostly on whatever we managed to bring here, which is all decades old now, plus whatever we could trade for when our island actually did get visited, which wasn't often. I mean, that was kind of the point of hiding on a remote island.

And yeah, this is just an unimpressive little shuttle, but we haven't had a working air vehicle since before we got here, so we'll take what we can get.

>So, what is your plan for fuel?
We, uh, have some fuel already, because we have other vehicles that use the same kind of fuel as this thing. It's not a complicated "plan."

>Watch out for the giant bird out there.
>What's that in the distance? Is it a bird or something?
>One of those giant moton birds?
>oh hey what's that?
>Also yeah birb.
>There's something off in the distance coming straight for you!
Whoa, whoa, whoa, where is this paranoia coming from out of nowhere? That is a flock of small birds, not one giant bird.

>Quickly, activate the weapons in case it happens to be hostile!
I am not actually totally sure this thing is even armed. What's-his-name didn't mention anything about weapons. There's probably a place to put some, though.

But I really don't think I'm going to need—
>>
No. 755546 ID: 395c02
File 147752781453.png - (9.28KB , 800x600 , 6.png )
755546

Incoming missile detected.

"What—"

Um. That's not good?
>>
No. 755547 ID: 398fe1

>>755546
Scramble to activate the shields or make evasive maneuvers or SOMETHING.
>>
No. 755548 ID: 5ef86a

Do a barrel roll! No, not an aileron roll, a barrel roll! Geez!
>>
No. 755549 ID: 211d83

Somebody does not like you.

Ok you had better find out if this thing has any anti air defense and fast.

If not you are probably going down. How far are you from your island? Also do you want to keep going there and possibly lead your attackers to your people?

Anyways for now figure out how to get this ship to defend itself or escape. Can it go under water?
>>
No. 755550 ID: cc5fc0

Countermeasure flares!
>>
No. 755551 ID: b412df

That is why there's paranoia. Can this ship go underwater and get out again without sinking? That might shield it from the blast or confuse detection systems.
>>
No. 755552 ID: c441c1

jump into the ocean then swim to shore.
>>
No. 755553 ID: 3373e2

Try to not panic and see if this ship can either A Take a beating Or
B Do something to either mislead or divert the missile.
>>
No. 755554 ID: 595d54

Check where it's coming from, deploy chaff, check if you can go underwater or glide along for a while with the power off. Should fox it if it's locked on to your visually, thermally, or through some other way to detect your systems.
>>
No. 755555 ID: 595d54

Oh, and at least take evasive measures. You've logged thousands of hours, you can do that, right?
>>
No. 755556 ID: 3abd97

>That is a flock of small birds, not one giant bird.
>Incoming missile detected.
>Um. That's not good?
I sure hope you were wrong in your earlier assessment, because otherwise that's a flock of missiles, not one. Which is very not good.

>what do
Ask yourself the important question: when they offered to sell you insurance, did you take them up on it, or pass on the offer? Because otherwise you may have lost an expensive investment.

If you have anti-air defenses, you want to activate them, now.

Hit the radio, put out a general mayday / distress call. Whoever is shooting at you already knows you're here- but I'm assuming the ultrahive wars have shaken out already? Whoever passes for a government now probably doesn't take kindly to people firing missiles at civilian aircraft. You might get a military response sent this way, or at least search and rescue if you go down.

And while you're at it, put out an offer to surrender on a general channel to your unknown attacker. Please, call off the missiles, you yield!

If you have a life vest, put it on, now. You're a neumono, if you get hit, you might survive the crash and explosion. You don't want to drown. ...although you don't want to exsanguinate either. Or get eaten by murder fishes.

If you have a parachute or a life raft, you probably want those too. If you're not going to be able to avoid the hit, you probably want to bail out rather than be inside when things explode.

Disengage autopilot, and take the wheel. You need evasion action and random walking now, not a predicable, easy to intercept path.

If they're tracking you by heat, you might be able to ditch them by cutting your engine and gliding. (Assuming this thing has wings that can glide and you're not dependent on anti-grav for lift).

If they're tracking you by radar, you can evade them by diving and flying as low as possible.

If this ship has anything like a competent AI than can fly it and deal with threats (and may have been turned off for safety) turn it on now.
>>
No. 755557 ID: 211d83

Wait before you completely loose your shit check to make sure its not just the flock of birds setting off this old ships missile evasion alarms because they are badly calibrated.
>>
No. 755571 ID: 286d17

You said this is a basic shuttle, so I don't know what it has in the way of countermeasures. Can you drop chaff? Does it maybe have ECMs? Last ditch effort might be flying close to the waves, but I honestly don't have any idea of how effective that is against the current technology.

People have suggested evasive maneuvers but given your lack of experience I doubt you could successfully evade a missile.

Oh, I just thought: if you are going to get shot down, you will probably lose any ability to send an SOS. Probably a good idea to do that immediately.
>>
No. 755578 ID: 91ee5f

Run around in circles, screaming like an idiot! That usually works, right?

If it doesn't work, then go sit in the pilot seat and look at your controls for a button or a switch or something that looks like it'll help.
>>
No. 755701 ID: 726a91

Bring the ship down to land on the surface of the ocean.
- If it's a dedicated anti-air missile, it's not going to be able to track an object floating on the surface of a sea (a surprisingly difficult problem)
- If it is good enough to do so, it's good enough to hit you despite any manoeuvres you might be able to make, so better to have it hit you when stationary rather than hit you then have the wreckage fall into the sea from height.
- If the shuttle is intended to work in space, then it is proof to at least 1ATM pressure, which means you may be able to submerge it up to 10m below the surface. That would be sufficient to minimise any damage a missile could do, even if it could track oyu underwater.

Getting back up again afterwards would depend on the capabilities of the shuttle, but better to be intact and floating than in bits and falling.
>>
No. 755705 ID: 395c02
File 147760950282.png - (14.66KB , 800x600 , 7.png )
755705

What do I do?!

>so many things all at once
"Agh!"

Okay. Okay, I just need to take a second and try to clear my head, then go through this carefully.
>>
No. 755706 ID: 395c02
File 147760953636.png - (12.27KB , 800x600 , 8.png )
755706

>Try to not panic.
Doing my best, given the circumstances, but I'm kind of amazed I can think straight at all!

>Did you take them up on insurance?
I hope someone back at home did but I didn't negotiate the contract or anything.

... Why am I thinking about insurance when there's a missile coming at me? Focus!

>Anti-air defenses!
>Activate the shields!
>Drop chaff!
>ECMs?
I really wish this ship had any of those right about now, but this is a civilian vehicle!

>Countermeasure flares!
It does have those. Not sure what good it'll do, but I guess I can just hit this button!

... And off they go into the ocean.

>Can this ship go underwater?
I was specifically told that that would be a very bad idea!

>Hit the radio!
That... actually, that's probably a good idea. The regular transmitter on this thing is... not great, apparently... but there's an emergency signaller that has a much better range, if I just find the switch...

"Emergency broadcast activated."

"There!" I have no idea if that'll do me any good, but I feel better for having done it!

>Where is the missile coming from?
>Make sure it's not just the birds.
If this blinking red dot on the screen is accurate, it's coming from almost directly behind me.

... Uh, alarmingly fast, actually. Crap.

>Life vest!
>Parachute!
They're over on the left by the door. This is so many things to try and do at once! Agh!

>Does this ship have a competent AI?
The guy didn't think very highly of it, but that could just be because he's used to more advanced stuff. Plus, I'm not sure how evasive this thing can really be, but I guess we'll find out?

Let's see if I can, uh...

"Switching to evasion mode..."
"ERROR: Evasion routines not installed. Returning to autopilot mode."

"You're kidding, right?" ... Well, that's not what I wanted to hear!

>Manual control!
I guess that's my only real option left! ... Oh boy.

Okay. I... I can do this. My hive sent me because I was the only one with any shot of being able to manually fly anything. If any of us could handle this situation, it's me. ZSim skills, don't fail me now!

The button is right here; I just have... to...

"Autopilot disabled. Manual controls engaged."

... This is way more terrifying in real life. I really hope I don't just drop this thing in—

"Incoming missile range critical."

>Dive!
Okay, uh, here goes nothing...
>>
No. 755707 ID: 395c02
File 147760955643.png - (9.81KB , 800x600 , 9.png )
755707

"Aaaaaaagh!!"
>>
No. 755708 ID: 395c02
File 147760957755.png - (11.90KB , 800x600 , 10.png )
755708

Level off, level off...

Wow that is a bit touchier than I was expecting it to be. But... I actually did it, I think! It looks like the missile sailed just over the shuttle.
>>
No. 755709 ID: 395c02
File 147760960327.png - (12.60KB , 800x600 , 11.png )
755709

... wait, what's it—

"Incoming missile detected."
"Incoming missile range critical."

"Why?!"

It... turned around? Completely??

"Incoming missile detected."

"Oh, come on!" Another one?!
>>
No. 755710 ID: 44d919

Well, keep going I guess. We have no real countermeasure and anything we can reasonably do gets shot down.

How bad an idea would going underwater be, specifically, and can it be any worse than getting blown up by a couple of mysterious missiles?

Any chance the missiles are your own hive's?

Failing anything else, keep evading or die, I guess.
>>
No. 755712 ID: 398fe1

>>755709
Do a barrel roll! Also head towards the nearest landmass. You're probably gonna get shot down eventually so you want to swim the least distance. Alternatively, jump ship immediately because you don't how how powerful those missiles are and they might just blow you up with the ship.

I hope you have a waterproof phone or something that can call for help once you get to land.
>>
No. 755713 ID: 0d8f02

>>755709
think you can dodge these ones ace?

If not, I think however bad the water is, tanking one or two missiles is probably worse.
>>
No. 755715 ID: f06d84

Right behind you, huh. And the missile is heading towards you? See if you can VERY abruptly drop down really really fast, maybe you can get them to smash into each other, and if not, maybe you can get the one going backwards to hit the bastard behind you!
>>
No. 755717 ID: 594c18

>>755715
I think we'll have to veer up, first. Or to the side. But up is probably good because it lets us do more down, where we have gravity on our side.

But yeah against stupid random homing missiles your best bet is probably smashing them into each other.
>>
No. 755718 ID: 91ee5f

>>755717
No, you're right, we need to go up first because we're right next to the water and we'll hit the water if we try to dodge under the missile again.

But yeah, let's smash the into each other.
>>
No. 755719 ID: a107fd

No, no, this is good! Fly directly between the two missiles, then launch another flare and shut off the engine. You'll drop along with the flare, and get ignored as chaff or debris by the missile's guidance systems, while they lock on to each other.
>>
No. 755720 ID: 286d17

>>755719

the fact that the first missile managed to stay locked and turn around makes me skeptical that turning the engines off would break lock. They are probably radar guided or some equivalent and not some dumb IR or heat-guided system. Plus, your engines won't cool down enough to compensate...

I think entering the water might be the best choice if skimming it doesn't seem to break the lock.
>>
No. 755722 ID: 3abd97

>enter the water
Depending on the speed we're going, the profile of the ship, and the angle we hit it, attempting to submerge the ship at speed could be just as fatal as diving into the ground.

Also, depending on our drive tech, submerging it way also be fatal. Possibly causing it to fail or explode. Not every mode of propulsion that works in atmosphere (or in space) functions reliably underwater.

>what do
Turn on the radio and put out a general mayday. Call for help from anyone who can offer it, beg whoever's shooting at you to call off the missile.

Probably won't help you right now, but you can talk and fly at the same time. And if you survive being shot down, you want search and rescue coming after you.

>what else do
Continue evasive action. Be prepared to abandon ship. If it's looking like you can't avoid this thing, you want to eject preemptively.
>>
No. 755725 ID: 180f83

Can we radio whoever is attacking us? plead for mercy?
>>
No. 756039 ID: 395c02
File 147778604835.png - (17.36KB , 800x600 , 12.png )
756039

Okay, I should really get this stuff on before I run out of time.

>Any chance the missiles are your own hive's?
Not even a little bit.

>Nearest landmass?
According to this little screen, it's actually right in front of me. All of the islands in this chain between my hive's and the one I'm flying from are uninhabited and unexplored beyond satellite photos, though, so I have no idea what to expect there.

>What happens if you submerge the shuttle?
I am not really an expert on the drive of a ship I've been in for all of two hours, but the guy made it sound like something or other inside of it had a good chance of exploding violently if it got totally submerged while it was running. We're probably going to have to replace that with something a little more water-tolerant when we get the chance, obviously.

Uh, but I should probably be focusing on the present!

>Do you think you can dodge two missiles?
Not really! I'm almost positive I got really lucky in being able to dodge one!

>Try the radio, again!
I'm not getting my hopes up here, but...

"Uh..." What are you supposed to say on these things, again? "Mayday, mayday! ... Uh, help, please! ... Whoever's shooting missiles at me please stop??"

... At least I can say I tried.
>>
No. 756041 ID: 395c02
File 147778607263.png - (13.95KB , 800x600 , 13.png )
756041

"Incoming missile range critical."
"Estimated time to impact: 15 seconds."

"Shit!"

I don't think I have time to try anything else and I don't really want to explode!

I slam open the door as quickly as I can.

... Kind of wishing I'd ever actually parachuted bef—
>>
No. 756042 ID: 395c02
File 147778612038.png - (26.05KB , 800x600 , 14.png )
756042

BLAM

... I...

...

... it's kind of sinking in that I just almost died there I think
>>
No. 756043 ID: 395c02
File 147778617501.png - (7.02KB , 800x600 , 15.png )
756043

SPLASH

...

My hive's future just literally turned into a fireball and I'm floating in the middle of the ocean with not much other than a life vest. I'm not sure this could have gone worse.

>I hope you have a waterproof phone or something that can call for help once you get to land.
That would be a really nice thing to have had.

...

Well, at least I still have my hat. And I guess I can at least see an island.

...

This water is a lot colder than I thought it would be.
>>
No. 756044 ID: 180f83

I hope whoever shot down your ship doesn't be a dick and start shooting you as you swim towards that island.
>>
No. 756045 ID: 211d83

Well get swimming.

But first gather the parachute and stuff it back into a small ball to take with you. You will need all those rope lines and the fabric for surviving in the jungle.

It does suck the ship was lost but at least you got out ok.
>>
No. 756046 ID: b412df

Keep moving, it'll help keep you warm. Also do what >>756045 says regarding the chute.

Have you had any sort of outdoors or survival experience? Ever had to deal with wildlife, hunt or have any sort of combat training?
>>
No. 756047 ID: a583c8

>>756045

As nice we've it would be, messing around with ropes in the ocean is liable to getting you tangled up and drowning. If you don't have a rest assured way of quickly gathering it, you are better off dumping it.
>>
No. 756049 ID: e22b1d

Try to retrieve your chute but if you can't so be it. At least save a rope or two if you can by cutting them with a claw.

Well we know there is someone hostile hiding in the area. So consider the following while you swim to shore.

1. How did you get to the mainland/wherever to buy the ship? And how did you pay for it? If you sailed over with a bunch of trade goods and used them to buy the ship that might explain why no one shot at you on the trip out.

2. Who knew about the transaction? If someone saw a unknown hive trading for a ship the info could have spread and someone with bad intentions could have followed you.

3. Does your island have anything valuable? Like worth enough so that someone would kill for it?

4. What sort of horrible predators lurk in this area you should watch out for?
>>
No. 756050 ID: 91ee5f

Awwww. That was a brand new ship! No fair! :'-(

When you find who did this, you're going to kick their ass and make them give you their ship! D-:<

Also, I know of a great way to get you to that island really fast. Just ask yourself this question: Are there any giant Neumono eating sea creatures in these waters?
>>
No. 756056 ID: 3abd97

>so I have no idea what to expect there
Monsters. You live on goddamn monsterworld; any land not claimed by civilization is claimed by monsters, and even some that is.

You might also come across the base or facility the missiles came from. Which, if anything, will be more dangerous than the monsters, since they're people who want you dead, not animals.

>What are you supposed to say on these things, again?
Would have helped if you'd given a callsign, your name, your hive's name, your flight number, or your coordinates. You know, things whoever hears that could use to help find you.

>what do
You need to get your chute off, so it doesn't drag you down. If you can salvage part of it easily, fine, but otherwise getting to shore before hypothermia sets in or a sea creature finds you is your first priority.

Get swimming.
>>
No. 756057 ID: 595d54

Getting to shore is the first priority. If you can't retrieve the chute or parts of it within... say 10 seconds, abandon it.
>>
No. 756058 ID: 398fe1

>>756043
You're a neumono. You can make it to shore. Swim.
>>
No. 756062 ID: 3373e2

Might want to see if there's any noticeable things on the beach, like Caves, Small Structures or anything like that, also get to that island before something devours you.
>>
No. 756073 ID: da1652

This is the Neumono homeworld, right? Where everything eats everything else? Swim faster.
>>
No. 756111 ID: d677cb

>>756043
man that sucks, really hope that insurance thing was indeed sorted beforehand.

Anyway you're alive! which is good, and the island is better than open ocean so along with having your hat that's 3 good things so far.
>>
No. 756189 ID: 15a025

Welp so much for your fancy new ship. Hope you can swim well enough to get to the island.
>>
No. 756336 ID: 395c02
File 147795416924.png - (16.39KB , 800x600 , 16.png )
756336

>Would have helped if you'd given a callsign, your name, your hive's name, your flight number, or your coordinates.
... Ugh, I'm an idiot.

Then again, the automatic broadcaster I turned on before that should have at least sent out the coordinates, so hopefully someone got that part at least.

>Try to gather the parachute! You might need the supplies.
>But maybe abandon it if that's too hard.
That sounds like a reasonably good idea!

>I hope whoever shot down your ship doesn't be a dick and start shooting you as you swim towards that island.
Look, I don't even want to think about that right now.

>How did you get to the mainland/wherever to buy the ship? And how did you pay for it?
I hitched a ride on one of the trader boats that regularly stops at our island. One-way trip, though, and then I had to wait a few days on the other island while they got everything ready, which is the longest I've ever spent there.

Jammers are weird.

And I'm pretty sure we just did a contract with the other hive and paid them in currency. We're not stuck bartering for everything anymore.

... Man, this thing is just everywhere. I don't think I'm getting it back in this backpack.

>Does your island have anything valuable?
We have jungle, fish, and outdated technology, so... not really.

... I'll just see if I can... tear off... what is this made of? Even the thinner ropes are a lot tougher than I thought they'd be. I wish I'd brought a knife. ... I bet there was one on the shuttle and I just didn't know or couldn't remember where it was...

>You live on goddamn monsterworld; any land not claimed by civilization is claimed by monsters, and even some that is.
These islands don't have any monsters!

... Okay, I mean, it would probably be a bad idea to go into the jungle by myself, for a lot of reasons, that might be wildlife-related. But there are no monsters, at least.

... Uh, nothing bigger than a neumono, anyway.

Okay, I'm giving up on this parachute.
>>
No. 756337 ID: 395c02
File 147795419565.png - (13.09KB , 800x600 , 17.png )
756337

>Get swimming!
Right, I probably shouldn't hang out here any longer than absolutely necessary.

>Are there any giant Neumono eating sea creatures in these waters?
...

... ... ...

Iiiii should really get out of the water.
>>
No. 756338 ID: 395c02
File 147795421947.png - (7.88KB , 800x600 , 18.png )
756338

Shortly...

"Urghhh."

I manage to drag myself onto the beach. I don't really want to move for a little while.

... Before all this, if you'd asked me if I was a decent swimmer, I probably would have said yes. Now, I'm wondering how someone who grew up on an island can get completely exhausted by swimming for fifteen minutes.

... And the actual island is still another couple hundred meters away.
>>
No. 756339 ID: 595d54

>>756338
You live on a remote island with jungle, fish, and outdated technology. I hope this means you know how to survive in a jungle or on a shore, yes? Time to start making tools.
>>
No. 756341 ID: b412df

Ok, you'd probably want to get dry, so strip and er- oscillate. There's no one around to see and there's no other way to dry off. Then wring out your clothes or otherwise get them dry, they may be needed for bandages or to make stuff.

Aside from that, do you have anything on you aside from the life-jacket and your clothes?
>>
No. 756342 ID: 286d17

Well, if you aren't quite to the main island yet I would just scour this small patch of land for wreckage since we probably won't be back. Anything we don't have to make is one less thing to worry about. Don't be stingy even if it's just scrap metal... ... though maybe be careful when picking it up.
>>
No. 756343 ID: b412df

>>756341
Ah, correction, if you're not at the main island yet and have to swim some more, hold off on the drying until then.
>>
No. 756344 ID: 398fe1

>>756338
Catch your breath, scope out the island from this distance, and then get there.
>>
No. 756348 ID: 3abd97

>>Does your island have anything valuable?
>We have jungle, fish, and outdated technology, so... not really.
Your island might be strategically valuable, depending on where it is in relation to shifting powers you probably haven't paid attention to. There might also be valuable resources you're not exploiting someone else might want (although I don't think drilling for offshore oil is so much of a concern anymore).

>Now, I'm wondering how someone who grew up on an island can get completely exhausted by swimming for fifteen minutes.
When was the last time you swam for more than 15 minutes?

>what do
Okay, your first concern is that this is likely a wild island. If there's no one to clear out agressive wildlife, it's going to be there. Piranha analogues, jungle snakes, shark toothed seagulls, razor crabs, spineballs. You don't want to run afoul of these things, let alone the really nasty critters out there.

Your hive would have had to take preventative measures to keep your beaches nice and not infested with nasty critters, and hopefully you've participated in critter control at some point and will recognize the signs of aggressive wildlife. This is one of the few advantages you've got- you crashed in the same environment you were raised.

(You other advantage is you have a hat. So you can avoid sunstroke. Congrats).

Your next problem is you have no food or fresh water. And neumono have a demanding metabolism. You're going to need to catch or kill something you can eat, and you need to find a source of fresh water.

Once your immediate survival issues are filled, you can worry about establishing some kind of shelter. And then we can worry about the competing priorities of signalling your position to rescuers and hiding yourself from the crazy people who shot you down.

It's possible there's a hidden facility on this island that fired the missile. Also possible their are tribal neumono here. Both of which would be 'fun' problems to deal with.

And lingering over everything is you're on a deadline. If you don't get home in a few months, you're going to be a separation rogue if and when you get back.
>>
No. 756349 ID: 180f83

See if you could see those jerks who shot you down in the sky.
>>
No. 756350 ID: 595d54

>>756348
He's covered with fur and has a non-centralized nervous system. I'm not sure sunstroke is a concern or that a hat would prevent it if it were.

As for water, he can look for some edible fruit. Even if he can find fresh water, it's not necessarily safe. After all, if it's safe to drink it probably has other things living in it, like parasites, and if nothing's living in it then it's not safe to drink.

Until he can set up a water filtration system using fabric and some sand, I'd recommend sticking to fruit for fresh water, sugars, and some trace nutrients.
>>
No. 756352 ID: beb1d8

>>756338
catch your breath and take a look around, no need to rush now that you're out of the water
>>
No. 756353 ID: 3abd97

>As for water, he can look for some edible fruit.

>Neumono facts! Random neumono fact: Recently uplifted neumono take extreme caution around a grocery food's fruit section due to the amount of dangerous creatures that mimic fruit.

Irc silliness from Lago. Goddamn monsterworld, man.
>>
No. 756361 ID: 595d54

>>756353
Wait, so there's plenty of free food that spends its time staying still and looking like food? Awesome, all you have to do is kill the fruit before you pick it just in case and then you can get easy protein while you shop.
>>
No. 756372 ID: db0da2

>>756348
>It's possible there's a hidden facility on this island that fired the missile. Also possible their are tribal neumono here. Both of which would be 'fun' problems to deal with.
The former is likely considering the missiles had to be fired from somewhere, and how common hidden facilities seem to be in the asteroidverse :V, while the latter is something we'll have to assume isn't the case, because if it is then we're basically fucked. Alone without a jammer or any weapons on a small island covered in hostile neumono is not a nice place for a psychic space bunny to be. We'd be eaten within a day or two.

Now shuffle your posterior on to the mainland, you've got fruit (or the neumono homeworld equivalent of fruit) to forage for.
>>
No. 756374 ID: 3373e2

Take a little rest then, maybe sit under a tree or something also any visible food sources?
>>
No. 756731 ID: 395c02
File 147813666411.png - (14.69KB , 800x600 , 19.png )
756731

>Catch your breath and scope out the main island.
I could really use a rest, so I think I'll do that.

>When was the last time you swam for fifteen minutes?
Fair point.

>Dry yourself off.
I'm going to end up back in the water if I want to get to the main island, so I'll just wait a bit on that.

>Scour this small patch of land for wreckage!
Wherever the remnants of the shuttle ended up, they're not here. It would really be nice to at least have a knife or something.

Actually, there's not really anything here. This is probably just a sandbank or something, and I doubt it'll still be here once the tides start acting up.

>You know how to survive in a jungle or on a shore, yes?
Uh, my experience with jungles is mostly "staying out of the jungle," so that's not so helpful. The shore is a bit more familiar, but...

>Do you have anything on you aside from the life-jacket and your clothes?
It's funny. I usually have something in my pockets, but I took everything out and it's all probably incinerated now. Not that a pen or a card would do me a whole lot of good at the moment, but it'd probably be better than nothing.

>Your island might be strategically valuable, or have resources you don't know about.
I mean, we fled here in part because the islands were considered useless. But I guess back then they hadn't really been surveyed, and the political situation has changed a lot since then. Still, if there's any value to our island no one's mentioned it to us.

... Which would be the point, wouldn't it.
>>
No. 756733 ID: 395c02
File 147813669214.png - (7.32KB , 800x600 , 20.png )
756733

... I guess I better stop waiting.

>Hidden facility
If there is some kind of hidden facility on this island, I'm not really going to be able to deal with that very well, am I... ? ... I should probably stop thinking about this.

>Tribal neumono
>You'd be eaten within a day or two.
Or this, either. Eurrgh.

>Separation rogue
I definitely don't want to think about that. Or being stuck here for several months at all.

... When did I start getting so paranoid?

I guess it's not every day someone tries to kill me. Or, honestly, any day before today.

>Wild island
Man, I hadn't even thought about that. But... yeah, back home we have a jury-rigged electrified fence around the parts of the island we live on to deter wildlife. Also a barrier system so we can pretend to have a functional harbor at least sometimes.

>Piranha analogues, jungle snakes, shark toothed seagulls, razor crabs, spineballs
... So, yeah, it's a little distressing to realize that I could plausibly run into any or all of those things.
>>
No. 756735 ID: 395c02
File 147813671247.png - (21.49KB , 800x600 , 21.png )
756735

Well, that was comparatively painless, at least.

>Food - fruit?
>Fresh water
... If this island even has fresh water, both of these things are gonna be in the jungle, somewhere.

With all of the things that will try to hurt or kill me for existing, and all of the plants that I can't tell which ones are safe to eat.

... Do I really not have a better plan than "stumble around and try not to die"?
>>
No. 756747 ID: 398fe1

>>756735
Well first off you need to find a source of drinkable water. Wait, can neumono process saltwater? How long can a neumono go without water? Maybe finding food would be more important considering neumono metabolism. So shake yourself dry then head into the forest to find some sturdy sticks with which to make spears so you can hunt and/or fish.
>>
No. 756758 ID: 3abd97

>>Tribal neumono
>>You'd be eaten within a day or two.
>Or this, either. Eurrgh.
First option would probably be avoidance. Second option would be submission / acquiescence / showing proper respect to get them to try and spare you (maybe only getting roughed up a little bit. You probably aren't going to impress them enough they'd want to take advantage of you). If that fails, your last resort is to run.

You really aren't prepared to fight tribal neumono, and setting traps would take time and training you don't have, not to mention a way to keep your empathy from giving it away.

>If there is some kind of hidden facility on this island, I'm not really going to be able to deal with that very well, am I... ?
If you see anything that looks like a hidden base, again, your best first option is to avoid it.

>... If this island even has fresh water
It's probably large enough to. There are mountains over there, and there will be rainfall, and some of it must get caught somewhere before the ocean. And even if it doesn't, it has to follow a path downhill.

If there's enough fruit near the shore, or we can find what we need to make a good condensation trap, you might not need to venture deeper for water, immediately.

>... Do I really not have a better plan than "stumble around and try not to die"?
>It would really be nice to at least have a knife or something.
Right. First step: let's get a basic tool. You're on a beach, let's find some seashells. Many shells have a sharp edge (or can be trivially sharpened against a rock) giving you a crude knife. Not impressive, but it's something.

For an actual weapon, you'll probably want to upgrade to a spear before heading into the jungle.

You're not going to like it, but you're probably going to have to cut your ears (or part of your ears) off reasonably soon. We'll need cloth to tie things together, for tool making, and other stuff, and you can skin your ears for that. You could sacrifice strips of your clothes, but your ears will grow back. Plus you can eat the meat. You could kill animals for their hide, but we're probably going to need the material before your first successful jungle hunt.

Any easy food on the beach? Sea turtle eggs or something similar buried in the sand? Non-poisonous shellfish? The neumonoworld equivalent of a coconut tree? Besides fish, this is the kind of thing your own hive lives on, you're likely to recognize them better than the stuff in the jungle.

Also, instead of immediately going into the jungle, you might try following the beach. Try to find the mouth of a river or stream where it meets the sea. Then you at least have something to follow to fresh water and to stop you getting lost.
>>
No. 756759 ID: db0da2
File 147813877157.png - (29.74KB , 350x425 , simple-snare.png )
756759

How salty is the water on this planet? And how sick will drinking it make you? Unless you know of an edible food source which you could feasibly acquire without significant risk to yourself, I think our best bet is to either start chomping on fruit and see if we die, or to set up a snare trap and see if we can catch any animals. Don't eat any brightly colored small animals. Try not to touch anything without checking to see if it will kill you first.

Before you go too deep into the forest, get yourself some camouflage, you kinda stick out like a sore thumb to anything that can distinguish red and green.
>>
No. 756760 ID: 2faeae

>>756735
short answer: no
long answer: don't worry too much about things you can't do anything about; just work on finding food and water, get a hefty stick or something for a potential weapon and tool
>>
No. 756771 ID: f06d84

It's ok, just keep calm and consider your needs, shelter, Fire, Water, Food in that order. This place seems fairly tropical, so shelter is probably not going to be too difficult, failing everything else you can simply cover yourself in a pile of leaf debris and that will keep you safe in the night. I would recommend taking off your clothes and squeezing out the water, but on the off chance that the person who tried to kill you is going to search for you, don't leave them to dry on the shore. ...actually, on that note, try to cover up your footprints as you move further towards the jungle if you can. Fire is a bit more difficult, but you can do it, look for something fibrous and you'll have string in no time that you can turn into a bowdrill. For now though, head up into the jungle and pick up a nice big stick and do the footprint clearing thing. Nobody needs to know you didn't drown.
>>
No. 756772 ID: 91ee5f

Ok, you'll probably want to get dry, so strip and er- oscillate. There's no one around to see and there's no other way to dry off. Then wring out your clothes or otherwise get them dry, they may be needed for bandages or to make stuff.
>>
No. 756775 ID: 211d83

Normally you would want to make a big sign/fire for your hive to notice you and save you.

But in this case you should work on hiding for a few days/week. Just in case whoever shot at you is serious about finishing the job. How many miles are you from your island? Rough guess from the speed the ship flew and the time left on the trip. A raft would be a long term project.

For now shelter and food and a weapon should be your only concern.
>>
No. 756969 ID: 395c02
File 147831275073.png - (13.81KB , 800x600 , 22.png )
756969

>More tribal neumono thoughts
Yeah, yeah, I don't want to go anywhere near them. But I already knew that. Going back to not thinking about it.

>Drinking saltwater?
I'm reasonably sure I shouldn't be drinking ocean water to stave off thirst.

>There are mountains over there, and there will be rainfall, and some of it must get caught somewhere before the ocean.
>Try to find the mouth of a stream?
That makes sense. I should probably try not to completely despair. I'm already half-expecting to just end up curled up in a ball crying once my brain catches up to what's going on...

>You'll probably want to get dry.
Yep. Sure is only one way I can think of to do that.

... Well, as long as there's nobody around, I guess it's fine?
>>
No. 756970 ID: 395c02
File 147831279355.png - (12.93KB , 800x600 , 23.png )
756970

... That was actually kind of fun.

Now I need to dry these, I guess.

>Snare traps?
I don't have anything to make one with, just yet, but I'll keep that in mind!

>you should work on hiding for a few days/week
I... don't feel great about that plan. Maybe if I can actually find some food or water...

>How many miles are you from your island?
Maybe... two hundred? Maybe less? I lost track of where exactly I was when the missiles started coming in. I'm not overly familiar with the uninhabited islands between ours and the one I came from, either, so I have no idea which one I'm on right now.
>>
No. 756971 ID: 395c02
File 147831282145.png - (12.10KB , 800x600 , 24.png )
756971

>Any easy food on the beach?
There are some... I mean, I wouldn't usually think of them as food, but there are little invertebrate... things... that would probably be edible. Not really seeing any around, though. I could... probably... eat a mollusk if I found one of the kinds I know are edible, but there aren't many shells on this beach and the ones I'm seeing don't have anything in them.

On our island, we have some trees on the beach that have... some kind of fruit I forget the name of. Vaguely like a coconut, I guess. But we planted those there on purpose after importing them from some other tropical place, and the fruit is really bitter and sour and not really pleasant to eat at all. I think they were planted for looks, mostly.

Anyway, it doesn't look like there are any trees until you actually hit the jungle, which seems a little strange to me. But maybe I'm just used to us having altered the look of our island a little.

>Seashell tool?
Like I said, there aren't many shells on this beach, and most of the one I've seen have been too fragile to be of much use. I mean, I'm no expert, but if it crumbles just because I tried to pick it up, I don't think it's going to make a good tool.

... Well, hang on. Maybe this one—
>>
No. 756972 ID: 395c02
File 147831284503.png - (12.33KB , 800x600 , 25.png )
756972

Uh, wait—
>>
No. 756973 ID: 395c02
File 147831286136.png - (17.44KB , 800x600 , 26.png )
756973

"Fuck!"

Aaaahraugh fuck. It stings so bad!
>>
No. 756974 ID: 595d54

>>756973
Okay, good news is that an escape measure probably won't kill you. And now you know not to mess around with intact seashells. Only use the ones that've been broken into pieces.
>>
No. 756975 ID: 211d83

Wash that off in the water quick. Then get revenge on the little guy by breaking his shell and cleaning him out before eating him.

Next time kill stuff faster before it can hurt you.
>>
No. 757005 ID: 180f83

That isn't poisonous... right?
>>
No. 757015 ID: 15a025

Wash it off before it kills you.
>>
No. 757035 ID: db0da2

Don't kill it. Grab it so that it faces away from you with your left hand, then go wash off your right, try to collect some of the substance if you can. Keep the little bugger around, you now have makeshift bear spray.
>>
No. 757039 ID: 595d54

>>757035
I'm not sure if Koror could make it fire stuff when he wants to.
>>
No. 757094 ID: 3abd97

This is why you point acid spitting snails away from you when you pick them up.

Also a snail shell isn't good for trying to use as a blade. You don't want a helical shell, you want something in two pieces like a clam shell. Those come to an actual edge that can be used.

The snail might be eatable if you cracked it open, but we don't know how much more of that vile substance is in there, and getting it in your mouth seems like a bad idea.

You probably want to wash that stuff off your hand.
>>
No. 757199 ID: 286d17

Might be nice to have some of that acid stuff. Keep it in mind for the future? Might make a useful tool against whatever we inevitably find that wants to kill us.
>>
No. 757352 ID: 395c02
File 147857567949.png - (13.11KB , 800x600 , 27.png )
757352

>Wash it off!
Not waiting!

Ugh, it still hurts.

>That isn't poisonous, right?
I... when I was a little kid, I ran into one of these once. I just wasn't expecting it to be in a seashell...

I forget what exactly they're called. Sandstalkers, or something? They look kind of like worms, and they hide under rocks, or buried in the sand, or, apparently, in seashells. Then they wait for something like those small invertebrates I mentioned to approach and spray them with... whatever this stuff is. Which is also their defense mechanism, obviously. It stings for a while and then whatever got sprayed goes limp until it wears off.

The one I found when I was a kid got me in the face, which was a lot worse. Still, my hand is probably going to be kind of useless for half an hour or so.

>Might be edible?
And, while I've never tried eating one myself, I've heard doing so is mostly a good way to induce vomiting. So probably not a good idea.

... Really, I'm surprised that's the only living thing I've seen on this beach.
>>
No. 757354 ID: 395c02
File 147857570458.png - (12.17KB , 800x600 , 28.png )
757354

>Keep the acid somehow?
I'm not sure I have a good way to carry it, since it seems to just soak into my fur and skin, but that would probably be reasonably effective against anything I ran into.

Of course, I also have no idea where it got off to, now.

>You want a shell in two pieces like a clam shell.
Oh. Yeah, that makes more sense.

... Oh, hey, good timing. I guess enough bad things have happened to me today that I get a good thing now?
>>
No. 757357 ID: 211d83

Fuck that. Get a poking stick before you try and grab whatever that is. At this rate its going to drag you under the sand and eat your arm off.

Play it safe with any unknown animals until you know what is dangerous and what is not. Assume every simple thing is out to eat or harm you for now.
>>
No. 757362 ID: 398fe1

>>757354
Good luck getting that open with one hand, now. Bring it further inland and find a stick to pry it open with.
>>
No. 757372 ID: 91ee5f

Are you sure you want to try your luck? Try poking it with a stick first.
>>
No. 757437 ID: 3abd97

>I guess enough bad things have happened to me today that I get a good thing now?
Careful. You don't want to get bit by whatever might be living in that shell, now.

...this might be paranoia talking, but I swear that thing looks like it has teeth.
>>
No. 757455 ID: 079f3a

>>757354
today's kind of took a turn for the worst, err on the side of caution and treat everything as dangerous until proven otherwise. Obtain a poking stick.

Even if it turns out to have been unnecessary, looking silly is better than getting hurt.
>>
No. 757497 ID: db0da2

>... Oh, hey, good timing. I guess enough bad things have happened to me today that I get a good thing now?

I'd be more inclined to think that because so many bad things have happened to you so far you must on a streak of bad luck. I doubt it'll let up until you're safely back with your hive, until then, be paranoid!

But yeah, stick, poke, etc. You know how this works.
>>
No. 757513 ID: 595d54

>>757354
No. That shell is closed. Whatever's in it is likely still alive. Odd for it to have washed up, but find a good dead stick, as long as you can, and poke it from far away.
>>
No. 757723 ID: b412df

Looks like the Sandstalker vacated it's shell, even if it's not the best shape to use as a tool a it still could be useful as a digging or scraping tool, so I'd pick it up after carefully checking the clam-shell.
>>
No. 757811 ID: 395c02
File 147884546787.png - (18.66KB , 800x600 , 29.png )
757811

>Careful
>Err on the side of caution
>Assume everything is out to harm you
>Be paranoid!
Gah!

... Alright, I guess it's probably... unwise... to assume things are fine.

>Poke it with a stick
The only ones I can find seem pretty flimsy, but I guess they'll have to do.
>>
No. 757812 ID: 395c02
File 147884549945.png - (12.49KB , 800x600 , 30.png )
757812

... Ha!

Everything was fine! Take that, paranoid thoughts!

... Did I just "take that" at my own brain? Eugh, I need to figure out what I'm doing and hopefully get back home before I lose it.
>>
No. 757813 ID: 395c02
File 147884552140.png - (16.05KB , 800x600 , 31.png )
757813

Well, I have two halves of a clam shell now. These are... actually surprisingly solid, even!

So, I guess I'm... going into the jungle now? I don't feel a whole lot better about my odds...


... is it starting to cloud up?
>>
No. 757815 ID: 5ef86a

Well, now it looks like we're looking for SHELTER in the jungle. But if you stuff some big leaves in your hat, maybe you'll at least be able to catch water?
>>
No. 757816 ID: 398fe1

>>757813
Okay, your new first priority is to set up some leaves to collect water, since it's about to rain. You want to get at least a day's worth. Then find something to eat, then find a dry place.
>>
No. 757818 ID: 91ee5f

>>757815
No, you're doing it wrong! Let me show you how to do it!

>>757813
It looks like we're looking for SHELL-TER in the jungle!
>>
No. 757820 ID: 285fca

As a neumono, you should probably concentrate on finding food first. And being on the carnivorous side, you shouldn't have that much trouble just straight-up chugging the blood of your prey to sate your thirst.

There's probably a source of fresh water between those two hills, anyway, that valley between them looked like river erosion.
>>
No. 757821 ID: 15a025

Worse comes to worst, you could always just nibble on an ear.
>>
No. 757822 ID: 91ee5f

Also don't forget, as a neumono your ears are stored fat reserves and are to be cut off and eaten when you're unable to find food. Think of them as emergency rations.

Don't worry too much about it. Just give it a few days and your natural neumono regeneration will have gotten your ears to be fully regrown!
>>
No. 757827 ID: 595d54

>>757812
We're actually not your own thoughts at all, but discrete entities speaking to you mentally. If you want proof, we know things that you could not actually know. Like, for example, how to survive innajungle.

Try to find some young, fairly straight saplings that you can use for rods in various projects we'll explain later, and some plant whose bark/fibers you can use for twine. Those come after finding actual food/water, though. Rain should be drinkable if you can find something to catch it. The shells might not be much, but they beat nothing.

Also, in an emergency you can get material to clothe yourself with or whatever else by ripping the skin off your ears repeatedly. You'll probably want a change of clothes eventually, after all.
>>
No. 757831 ID: 9876c4

I'm honestly not sure where "don't tear your own ears off" Ranks in the survival hierarchy, but it has to be up there.

Open wounds+ nothing sterile=bad news.
>>
No. 757836 ID: 595d54

>>757831
Nah, neumono have crazy immune systems. Their regeneration absorbs/rejects all foreign material including microbes, so they typically don't have to worry about infection. It's come up before, and Biles himself was the one who first introduced the ears technique. So it's legit.
>>
No. 757838 ID: 9876c4

>>757836
I stand corrected. Neumono are clearly outside the realm of my education.
>>
No. 757848 ID: f06d84

Still, ears are emergency for a reason. Though being a neumono maybe there has been a little bit too much worrying about the basics, so just try to pick up a big stick and head inside.
>>
No. 757853 ID: c08b99

>>757813
Well rain's probably on the way, get ye to shelter
>>
No. 757859 ID: db0da2

I'll second getting to shelter, but roll in some mud or something before going into the jungle to make it harder for predators to find you. If you find a big enough leaf you could use it to collect rain water.

How long do storms usually last around here?
>>
No. 757885 ID: 286d17

A storm is kind of half-fortunate at this time. We won't have much time, so we need to construct or find a temporary shelter.

Big leaves will make a decent tarp and we can maybe hastily cobble together a lean-to against a tree or two with some vines or bark strips.

Water collection will also be handy. Luckily, we just found some shell halves that will hold a little bit of water. A bowl-like structure of leaves will help collect water too.
>>
No. 757893 ID: 90f3c0

You don't want to get stuck in the jungle in the darkness of the storm. Stick to the edge of the trees and collect some large leaves and sticks for collecting water and shelter building.
>>
No. 757924 ID: 3abd97

Let's not jump right to ear eating- they are the emergency rations for a reason, after all.

And if we can afford not using them for food, we can use them as an easily renewable source of cloth / fur / leather for tool making / construction. (Granted, you can use animal parts for this as well, but if you use your ears to make a weapon or traps to catch the first animal, you've nicely bootstrapped yourself up a bit).

(Also, it's kinda hard to tell how "full" Koror's ears are. They vary from Polo-style flaps with no meat on them to Rokoa / Pilon style funbags that could feed a family. His seem closer to the former than the later).


>>757831
>>757836
Yeah, if no one in canon has gotten an infection from all the gunshots, knife wounds, and extensive field surgery in dank caves while diving in and out of rivers, I think Koror will be fine.

(My hypothesis is that infectious agents effectively lost the arms races against immune systems and regeneration on this planet).

>got shells
Cool, not you just need to sharpen the edge and you can a crude knife. Later.

>storm
Well, if the missile launcher is looking for you, that's good, because it will disrupt their search. If search and rescue is responding to your mayday, that's bad, because that will disrupt their search.

Being exposed on an open beach in a storm in the tropics can be rather dangerous. You need to find shelter quickly, without stumbling across something else that can kill you in your haste.

After the storm, you want to head back to the beach. Useful stuff might wash up on shore. Food, maybe remains of your ship.

Head for the jungle, but be careful. Eyes and ears open.
>>
No. 757925 ID: 595d54

>>757924
>sharpen the edge
Not generally necessary at first. For durability you want more of a wedge shape, especially considering how brittle shell is and how Koror probably doesn't have the greatest manual dexterity when it comes to cutting things up. Plus correctly sharpening a blade from scratch isn't easy.
>>
No. 758094 ID: 395c02
File 147900849928.png - (15.55KB , 800x600 , 32.png )
758094

>EAT YOUR EARS
Gah! Again!

I'm not nearly that desperate for food, yet!

>Shells
I'm not entirely sure I know how to sharpen these. Or, at least, not while the only other tools I have are flimsy sticks and my hands.

>Storm
Out here, storms can blow by really quickly, or they can hover for days. Usually the first one. Honestly, though, I didn't check the weather closely before leaving, so I don't know what to expect.

>Shelter
Yeah, I don't think it'd be a good idea to hang out on the beach in the rain.

... But the only plausible shelter is the jungle I've been trying to come up with excuses to not journey into. Because, uh, I don't think I'm gonna do very well in there.
>>
No. 758095 ID: 395c02
File 147900853060.png - (39.39KB , 800x600 , 33.png )
758095

Well.

I'll just... go just far enough in that I won't get soaked, I guess.

>Leaves to collect water
Oh, right, that's definitely a good idea. That way I don't have to probably get attacked trying to find if there's a fresh water source deep in here somewhere!

I wish I had a better idea of how big—
>>
No. 758096 ID: 395c02
File 147900854633.png - (35.54KB , 800x600 , 34.png )
758096

THOOM

—oh.
>>
No. 758097 ID: 595d54

>>758096
Well, you'll be the tallest thing on shore, so stay in the jungle. Looks like there's still water dripping down, so keep collecting and drinking. Unless you know these trees have some edible portion, doesn't look like there's anything to eat around yet.
>>
No. 758098 ID: 398fe1

>>758096
Just set up some leaves then head further inland. Also drag that log out to the beach to serve as a landmark so you can FIND the leaves again.
>>
No. 758099 ID: b412df

Oh hey a log, that'll come in handy for as raw material or firewood.

Keep a eye out for a tree with solid (as in not flexing) wood, then snap off a branch and remove the twigs, then you have a club, which if you have time to whittle the end to a point, becomes a spear.
>>
No. 758126 ID: 595d54

>>758099
Poke log first.
>>
No. 758175 ID: 7d8168

>>758097
You don't want to be the tallest thing or NEXT TO the tallest thing. Stay near the trees, but like... medium-size trees, ideally. If the biggest tree gets struck by lightning and you're right there it'd still be a hazard.
>>
No. 758187 ID: 3abd97

Just remember to keep an eye out for movement. Most critters around here have probably hunkered down for the storm, but if you stumble across something it might still lash out at you.

Setting up some water traps that aren't just gonna get immediately blown away is still what you should be doing at first.

Remember that you can use your shell as a knife to cut leaf and vine if you need to (and claw and tooth will work as well). The shells themselves also work as little bowls to collect water in, even if not very much.
>>
No. 758259 ID: 286d17

You probably won't find dry wood now that the storm has blown in. You need to get that shelter up ASAP. It's hard enough to start a fire with just wood and rocks without it being sopping wet.


You might not be able to start a fire tonight.
>>
No. 759029 ID: fd73fa

Collect rain, try to stay dry as you can. Does it get cold enough during storms that getting wet and hypothermic is a concern? If not then it is just a risk of burning excess calories to stay warm and personal comfort.
Remember the priorities of survival: Air, safety, shelter, water, food. You can breathe just fine so safety is the primary concern. Nothing has attacked you, yet, so if you aren't at risk of the cold/rain and lightning drinkable water and food are your priority. For shelter possibly make a simple lean-to? There is a lot of large fronds and presumably branches around you. It is simple, effective, and a pile of leafs won't draw undo attention at a glance.
>>
No. 759167 ID: 395c02
File 147934683397.png - (16.65KB , 800x600 , 35.png )
759167

>Set up some leaves!
These have been reasonably easy to find, thankfully, and one upside of how hard it's raining is it doesn't take long, either.

Not that I was especially thirsty, but I probably shouldn't pass this up while I have the chance.

...

Even under this tree cover, though, I'm still going to get soaked if I just hang around here. I guess I'll... have to go further in...
>>
No. 759168 ID: 395c02
File 147934689650.png - (18.52KB , 800x600 , 36.png )
759168

Wow, I don't think I'd ever realized how dense these get before.

>Make a shelter!
I just want to get a little further into the jungle first.

... Never thought I'd be thinking that, but here we are.

>Just remember to keep an eye out for movement.
This is ... honestly really stressful. To be completely honest, outside of paths that my hive had mostly cleared out, I've never been more than five feet into the jungle on our island before! I'm not sure what to expect, beyond that if I run into anything it's probably bad news.

I feel kind of like an idiot swiping this shell around but it's probably better than doing the same thing with my hands...

"... Huh?" I don't think I've ever seen—
>>
No. 759169 ID: 395c02
File 147934691897.png - (17.25KB , 800x600 , 37.png )
759169

"SKRAWWK"

"AUGH ... Ggghhhhahaaahgh aaghh hghghh."
>>
No. 759170 ID: 395c02
File 147934697525.png - (13.69KB , 800x600 , 38.png )
759170

O... kay... well... fuck.

I'm going to die.
>>
No. 759171 ID: 595d54

>>759170
Don't be a baby. Has the bird flown off? If it hasn't, grab the tail and bite its head off.
>>
No. 759173 ID: 398fe1

>>759170
Not if you gouge out your own eye before the poison spreads too far. You even have a tool that would be good to use! The clamshell.
>>
No. 759174 ID: 211d83

Everybody dies someday Koror.

Can you grab that bird and beat it to death on a rock? Might make a nice meal to give you the energy to regen that eye.

So the shell is a cutting tool but not meant as a machete. Just push your way slowly and carefully through the bushes. Your thrashing will just attract all sorts of beasts to the area.
>>
No. 759178 ID: 3abd97

Good news: if you weren't a neumono you'd probably be dead right now.

Giving that thing went right for you eye like that, I suspect it hunts prey by stabbing them in the brain through the eye and/or dumping a pile of poison in the brain.

Lucky you, you don't have a centralized nervous system behind your eye socket, so you aren't dead. Just in horrible pain. And probably more, once all the nerve ending not going anywhere light up.

Retreat. Fall back from your aggressor, raise your arm to defend your remaining eye. If it blinds you you're dead. For now this is survivable.

>later
Regrowing an eye is gonna itch like hell. Hard part is you'll need to clean out the site of injury, and then improvise an eye-patch to cover it while the new one grows in to protect from anything getting in there, or anything damaging the immature eye. And it'll probably take a day or two to do, assuming you're properly fed.
>>
No. 759179 ID: 398fe1

Guys. That was a SCORPION TAIL. He's poisoned.
>>
No. 759180 ID: 595d54

>>759179
That really assumes we're going off the same guidelines as Earth biology and that the poison is strong enough to affect Koror. Since Astreneus V is fond of monsters, it probably is, so Koror's going to need to gouge out his eye.

>>759178
It can fly, pursue us at eye level, and keep stinging. That's not survivable. We have to kill it now. Grab the tail, bite the bird's head off. Then use the shell or claws to get the damaged eye out.
>>
No. 759181 ID: 9876c4

>>759179
Granted, that's a bigger tail than most, and scorpion parts aren't attached to birds where we're from.

But scorpion venom is more of a deeply unpleasant burning and hallucinogen than instant death.
>>
No. 759182 ID: 246be8

>>759170
you're not going to die, you've been dropped into a bullshit situation you weren't prepared for and that sucks but you're still alive and working on getting it together
>>
No. 759183 ID: 3abd97

>>759180
Grabbing at it pretty much guarantees getting stung again in the arm.

Look at long long the tail is compared to the wingspan. And it's a thick tail, not made of feathers, with muscle in order to coil and strike. And the fluid weight of whatever poison it stores in the tail. That makes the tail heavy for a bird that size- I suspect it can't fly and sting effectively at the same time. And that it's not very nimble in the air. I'm guessing it's an ambush predator, especially since it's coloring works as canopy camouflage, instead of going to usual tropical bird route.
>>
No. 759184 ID: 595d54

>>759183
If you grab the base, sure. If you grab the bottom without jabbing yourself on the pointy part, it works fine. Also I think an ambush predator would actually have tried to ambush Koror instead of sitting out in the open on a branch.
>>
No. 759185 ID: 9876c4

Hold clamshell outward, when it stings the shell, grab tail and swing it into a treetrunk, hard.

You've only got about 20 seconds or so to get this right.
>>
No. 759189 ID: c91f5b

This is the worst death world ever.
>>
No. 759194 ID: db0da2

>I'm going to die.
Most likely, but probably not from this, and hopefully not before you get back to your hive.

Don't be a bitch, you'll be a cyclops for a few days, but after that you'll be fine. Maybe next time you'll pay attention to where you're walking.

Grab the bird if it's still there, you can eat that. Otherwise keep doing what you were doing.
>>
No. 759196 ID: c441c1

If nothing else you are already poisoned tackle the bird to the ground and bite its head to kill it, save it for tonight dinner.
>>
No. 759197 ID: 3abd97

Beware the Green Cock-tailed Eyestinger.
>>
No. 759198 ID: fd73fa

You're not going to die Koror. You got stung in the eye. Notice the bird screamed and screeched as it stung you. That is not the behavior of an ambush predator. This was a self defense tactic. If it was poisonous (we don't know but assuming it was) it most likely won't kill you. Maybe make you feel sick, maybe some temporary paralysis. Either way the bird is an asshole and it's going to help you out now. You got stung once, if you can see well enough still grab it by the tail and bash it against whatever is convenient until it is dead. Then leave that area because you both just made a hell of a racket.
After you have left the immediate area go ahead and cut the stinger off. Congratulations, you now have food. Decide how you want to prepare it.
>>
No. 759199 ID: 5ef86a

Oh. It's this kind of story. Let's maybe wrap that up and hope you didn't do any permanent damage because then you'd have to explain this nonsense to everyone you met when they ask about the eyepatch.
>>
No. 759209 ID: 285fca

It'll grow back. Pull out what's left of your eyeball so you don't get poisoned and go on your way. Carefully.

... Keep an eye out, eh?
>>
No. 759216 ID: 595d54

>>759199
>permanent damage
No such thing for neumono, thankfully.

>>759185
That'd ruin the clamshell.
>>
No. 759312 ID: 180f83

retreat
>>
No. 759367 ID: 9876c4

>>759216
Swinging a bird into a tree would not ruin the shell.
And shell is harder than stinger.
>>
No. 760216 ID: 395c02
File 147960544715.png - (19.35KB , 800x600 , 39.png )
760216

>Catch the bird
"Raagh!"
>>
No. 760217 ID: 395c02
File 147960546837.png - (24.92KB , 800x600 , 40.png )
760217

>No, wait, don't
"Oof."

Well, it's not like it mattered much anyway. All I managed to do was take a wild swipe and then fall on my face.

Fuck, I don't think I've ever been in this much pain before.

>Poison
I sure hope not.

... But the way things have been going I'm probably poisoned now, too, yeah. Not like I have any idea—

>Gouge the eye out
...

... ... ... ... ...
>>
No. 760220 ID: 395c02
File 147960585609.png - (17.62KB , 800x600 , 41.png )
760220

Look, there are neumono out there who can do that, but I don't think there's any way I could possibly get myself to. I'm a softie from a softie hive. They didn't say that to me directly when I went to pick up the shuttle, but they were thinking it.

I'm just going to lay here until I stop hurting so much. ... Or maybe until I'm dead, if it really was poison.

I guess I wouldn't have to worry about pain any more if I died, at least.
>>
No. 760224 ID: b412df

You're a neumono Koror, you're tougher than you think. Get up, if you're still in too much pain , lie against a tree so you can keep watch. It'd be a shame if something got you because you had your face in the dirt.

Regarding poison, I wouldn't worry about that, it punctured your eye so most of the poison would have drained out with the vitreous humor / eyeball gel, so any dosage would have been limited. The downside that you're down a eye, and it's going to sting like all hell; you'll also need to try and protect that eye because it's just the remnants of your eye between the air and part of your brain.
>>
No. 760228 ID: 91ee5f

Look on the bright side: If you're still alive, then you're not poisoned! And your eye will just regenerate in a day or two.

I've noticed something, your hands are unusually small for a Neumono. Why is it that you don't have giant oven mitt hands like other Neumono do?
>>
No. 760231 ID: 3abd97

>>760220
Stop complaining, cuddle hiver. You're not dead yet.

For now, at least you're out of the rain.

In the meantime, you should really at least clean / rinse out your eye to try and reduce the risk of it getting worse. That will probably hurt, but all you have to do is stand under some drain water, maybe use the leaf trick you used before to collect drinking water? Might as well take advnatage of the rain while it's here.

Then improvise an eye patch to keep it covered while it heals.

Then you can rest.
>>
No. 760232 ID: 286d17

I don't know what to do. The other suggestions seem confident in your ability to live through this and I am going to believe them.

I already suggested what you need to do to set up your own shelter but I am not confident in your ability at this point... Maybe instead we need to focus on finding help. Shelter and living arrangements are important but if you can't get anything done without getting injured you aren't going to last long.

Maybe give up long term planning and just try to be found. Even if you are captured, being stuck in a cell would probably be preferable to dying to the elements in a jungle.

I'm sorry, but the ineptitude you've displayed leaves a lot to be desired.
>>
No. 760235 ID: 9876c4

You got claws?

Poke yourself somewhere sensitive, just enough to draw blood. It will hurt. It will also keep you awake long enough to do what>>760231 suggested.

We will cut you some slack eventually, but these first 24 hours are critical.
>>
No. 760240 ID: 86b8eb

Have you ever lost an eye before? How will you know if it's going to hurt so bad, then? Your species specifically evolved to tank gruesome injuries, so your body doesn't need to be persuaded to avoid damage so much. Your pain response should be much lower and easier to handle than what other species experience.

And for all you know, that poison will cause a lot MORE pain once it moves from your eye to whatever organs it targets to cause real damage. And think of your hive! How devastated are they going to be to lose you and never find out what happened? If you die here, your body will probably get eaten and no-one will know for sure. Imagine all your loved ones spending their time and resources searching and hoping, clinging to the chance you might still be alive. At the very least you should try your hardest to live long enough to leave a mark.
>>
No. 760256 ID: 398fe1

>>760220
Well I guess it's possible the venom was paralytic or disabling. You might not die!

Stop feeling sorry for yourself and harden up. Soft you may be but you can change. Move as soon as you can stand the pain.
>>
No. 760347 ID: fd73fa

You're not going to die Koror. And all those tough people that thought you were soft? They were all soft too at some point. But they got hard by living through hard situations. Unfortunately for you your situation is damn hard so far. But you are tough enough you've made it this far. You're going to be tough enough to make it all the way. But you don't want to rest there. It's hard, but get up and walk just a short ways even. Fifty feet if that's all you can manage. Just don't be where the bird sounded the alarm. Get away from there and then you can rest until the pain dies down. Remember, you're not going to die, and the pain will suck, but you will be alive at the end. Think of all the awesome stories you'll have to tell your hive when you go home. Focus on that. Feel free to exaggerate them. You can be a hero in your hive once you get back, and you will get back. The first step to that is getting up, and fighting shelter to sleep off the eye wound. Do it Koror.
>>
No. 760354 ID: 093c47

>>760220
hey look if there doesn't seem to be anything dangerous around you can totally lie down and be wounded for a bit, everything kinda sucks right now.

But don't give up! how many of those 'non-softie' neumono have been shot at with 2 really manoeuvrable you-seeking murder missiles while flying an outdated box and lived?

You're alive and you have your hat, you can get through this.
>>
No. 760361 ID: 60700b

>>760256
If it is, then it may be hunting with a partner.
>>
No. 760370 ID: 595d54

>>760220
No, it wasn't poison. You eat poison. Venom is injected into you. Remember: If it bites you and you die, it's venomous. If you bite it and you die, it's poisonous.

Anyway no stop being a huge pussy, get up because lying on the ground like fresh meat is a great way to attract more predators. At the very least do that on shore if you really have to.
>>
No. 760406 ID: 3e182c

Get up, stop feelin sorry for yourself, and get to work. You need shelter and sustainable water now and food soon.

Also stop worrying so much about stuff eating you, it's unlikely that a small islands ecosystem is robust enough to support any sustained population of large predators. Still, venomous creatures could be the norm, and physically removing the afflicted body part could save your life. You don't got the luxury to be a softie right now. Gouge out that fuckin eye. You need the practice, and it'll only hurt for a minute.
>>
No. 760415 ID: 93fb12

Weaker people than you have lived through worse and taken more drastic measures to survive, so stop laying down and waiting to die and start getting up and fighting to live.
>>
No. 760796 ID: 395c02
File 147985735228.png - (15.24KB , 800x600 , 42.png )
760796

>Lie against a tree so you can keep watch. It'd be a shame if something got you because you had your face in the dirt.
...

Okay, yes, that's a lot more reasonable than lying face-down.

>Don't give up!
>Your species specifically evolved to tank gruesome injuries.
Yeah, yeah, I know this probably isn't going to kill me. Unless it was ... uh, venomous, in which case I'm probably screwed anyway.

I've still never been in anything like this kind of pain, though!

>Stop complaining, cuddle hiver.
>Stop feeling sorry for yourself!
There's a bleeding hole where my eye is supposed to be! I'm pretty sure I've earned the right to complain in my own head.

>I already suggested what you need to do to set up your own shelter but I am not confident in your ability at this point.
Well, that makes two of us. ... uh, wait. What?

Am I really this self-critical and paranoid under stress?

>Think of your hive! How devastated are they going to be to lose you and never find out what happened?
...

They would... probably miss me a lot, I guess...

>You should really at least clean / rinse out your eye to try and reduce the risk of it getting worse.
I guess it's pretty easy to get ... reasonably ... clean water right now, if I just—

>it's just the remnants of your eye between the air and part of your brain.
—okay no I'm too spooked to do anything like that just yet.

I'll just... hang out under this tree until I feel at least a little better, then regroup.
>>
No. 760797 ID: 395c02
File 147985737469.png - (7.45KB , 800x600 , 43.png )
760797

...

I think I must have nodded off at some point. It can't have been too long, though.

It seems like either the bird thing wasn't venomous or the venom wasn't aimed at something my size. This island might not have any large predators after all.

It stopped raining, from the sounds of it...?

Wait.

...

I think... I think someone's here?
>>
No. 760798 ID: 211d83

Do they feel friendly? Or is it a "quick find that red guy we shot down so we can finish him off" sort of empathy?

Or is it tribal empathy? In which case you might want to run before you get ate.
>>
No. 760800 ID: 595d54

>>760797
Well, you're not going to be able to fight or run worth a shit. With your empathy you can't hide from neumono either. If you're feeling other neumono, just try to be likable. If you're hearing something move, hide.
>>
No. 760801 ID: 3abd97

>I think... I think someone's here?
You hear something, or you picking up on empathy?

In either case, what do you hear or feel? If it's empathy, can you tell the emotion, or if it clashes with your own?

If you've come across a tribe of natives, an island is probably the best place to do it. Ironically, the most isolated neumono are statistically more likely to have a friendly disposition to outsiders. A hive living on a small island by itself for generations doesn't have the same prolonged history of fighting neighboring hives tooth and nail for resources and territory.

>Are you expecting a cave [an island] full of exotic native women just wanting to lay you?
>>
No. 760802 ID: 398fe1

>>760797
Doesn't matter who they are. If they're hostile you're dead already because you sure can't survive on your own *while being hunted*. If they're not hostile you're saved.

So call out to them, ask for help.
>>
No. 760805 ID: 180f83

What if it is the people who shot you down, and they are looking to finish you off? might want to find a place to hide and safely check on who is coming.
>>
No. 760809 ID: 91ee5f

>>760801
>Are you expecting a cave [an island] full of exotic native women just wanting to lay you?
Well.....that could still happen. There's not a very good chance of it happening, but there is still a chance that could happen and this will end up not being the worst thing to ever happen Koror's life.

>>760805
>find a place to hide
If it's more Neumono, then hiding is impossible to do becuse of empathy. Unless Koror gets extremely lucky and this island is a secret military base and the hiding spot he chooses just happens to be in range of a jammer. But that doesn't seem likely.
>>
No. 760851 ID: 384d90

>>760797
Look up. Check that isn't a monster standing between you and the rain.
>>
No. 760932 ID: db0da2

>I'm pretty sure I've earned the right to complain in my own head.
You're low on food, and thinking uses a lot of energy. You simply don't have the calories to waste on feeling sorry for yourself.

>someone else
Well, this is either GG or you've found someone who can help you. You simply don't have the skills to survive being hunted by your own kind. Approach as friendlyly as you can.

>>it's just the remnants of your eye between the air and part of your brain.
>—okay no I'm too spooked to do anything like that just yet.
To be fair, that would be true no matter where you got hit.
>>
No. 762124 ID: 395c02
File 148038314815.png - (58.90KB , 800x600 , 44.png )
762124

>Look up. Check that isn't a monster standing between you and the rain.
Gah!

... No, not that I can see.

>You hear something, or you picking up on empathy?
Just the second one, right now. None of these islands were supposed to have neumono on them, but I guess we were wrong?

>If it's empathy, can you tell the emotion, or if it clashes with your own?
>Do they feel friendly? Or is it a "quick find that red guy we shot down so we can finish him off" sort of empathy?
If... if I'm being totally honest here, I can probably count the number of times I've actually even been around neumono who weren't in my hive on just my hands.

So, uh. That said, it... uh, they, actually, mostly seem startled and curious? Uh, not hostile. I think. I hope. Probably not whoever shot me down.

And... concerned? I have no idea what to make of that.

>You might want to run before you get ate.
I—

>Well, you're not going to be able to fight or run worth a shit. With your empathy you can't hide from neumono either.
—yeah, that.

They're getting closer, but I'm not sure—
>>
No. 762126 ID: 395c02
File 148038317918.png - (24.93KB , 800x600 , 45.png )
762126

"Ah!"

—oh that was faster than I was expecting. Shit.

... this is the smallest neumono I've ever seen. I mean, she's still got a spear, which she's kind of pointing at me, and which I assume she knows how to use, and I'm still injured and exhausted and hungry, so I'm pretty sure all she's sensing from me is terror anyway, but—

>"Rukol ke ahe!"

I have no idea what that means. All I'm getting through empathy is still just that vague maybe-concerned feeling.

>"Rukol ke ahe. Kaho nuki..."
>>
No. 762127 ID: 595d54

>>762126
"Rorrosi? Mosi? Liria?"

:^)
>>
No. 762128 ID: 211d83

No sudden movements.

Slowly point to yourself and say Koror.

Then hope she does not try to spear you.
>>
No. 762131 ID: 3abd97

>>762126
Put your hands up. Demonstrating that you are unarmed is a pretty universal gesture of submission / non-hostility, and with empathy she's not likely to misinterpret is.

And hey, she's got you at spear point, so she's clearly in charge.

Don't be afraid to talk to her, even if you don't share a language. If you're thinking about saying something as you say it, empathy may still carry basic intent across, in a broad manner.

Say hello. Try to be friendly. Gesture to yourself as say "Koror" as an introduction, see if you can get her to return the gesture.
>>
No. 762132 ID: 595d54

>>762126
Is that spearhead stone or metal? This is probably important later on.
>>
No. 762134 ID: 286d17

Clearly, there is a misunderstanding. You can't speak to her so you'll have to communicate with her some other way.

She has a spear which is a long reaching weapon. You could possibly push close and angle it away from you. She would have to draw it back to use it.

You could use that opportunity to hug her; to show her you mean no harm, of course.
>>
No. 762144 ID: 91ee5f

>>762134
>You could use that opportunity to hug her; to show her you mean no harm, of course.
Doing that suddenly, out of nowhere is a good way to get scratched up by claws and teeth. No hugging. No matter how adorably tiny she is, no hugging.

>>762126
>What do?
I suggest backing up against the tree and then curling up into a ball while covering your head with your arms. Sure, it's a humiliating thing to do, but it's probably the best way to let her know how harmless and scared you are. Don't forget to project your pain of losing an eye and fear of dying through your empathy. Hopefully that'll get her to lower the spear.
>>
No. 762151 ID: 398fe1

>>762126
Interesting. A group of tribal neumono that isn't hostile to outsiders? Unheard of! Especially unheard of is pygmy neumono. Which they obviously are.

Try to look harmless and assert via empathy that you are in fact harmless. Try to calm down, and perhaps gradually put some hopeful thoughts in your head? They might help you out with food and shelter, in exchange for manual labor or whatever. You are much larger than them, so you'd be able to do stuff they can't. Even if you're not physically fit.
>>
No. 762156 ID: 91ee5f

>>762151
Just because this one tribal is tiny, that doesn't mean everyone in her hive is tiny.
>>
No. 762161 ID: 398fe1

>>762156
Yes it does. Hives are homogeneous with regards to general attributes like height, with few exceptions.

...wait a minute Koror is a redgrass neumono. Those tend to be big. The height difference doesn't necessarily imply pygmy, she's just a Jungle or Archipelago neumono.
>>
No. 762180 ID: 3abd97

>Yes it does. Hives are homogeneous with regards to general attributes like height, with few exceptions.
That's not even close to true.

Look at the current Unse thread with the science hive in it's heyday and there's a 2-3 head height divergence between the shortest person and the tallest person we've seen (and that's a fraction of the hive).

Look at the hunter hive in Polo Quest, where they fielded everyone from Polo-tiny scouts to Snow-big style heavies.

Look at Sealock, where we have Polo on the small end, with more medium people like Rakae in the middle, to again, to snow sized bigguns ( >>/draw/26820 ).

Heck, the whole concept of neumono gender roles and stereotypes comes from having multiple sized people working towards different ends in one group. Females are on average bigger and got the warrior role, males are on average smaller and got the sneaky scout role. (Although of course that's just averages over large populations, we don't lack for examples of individuals who buck the average).

If a tribe of small population happens to be homogeneous, that's due to a small sample size. Hives have trends, obviously, based on family genetics, and often weighted unfairly by successful / prominent individuals having lots of kids (did you notice how the science queen was the one blue in a hive of pinks? They would have been redgrass without her disproportionate weighting the genepool) but trends aren't absolutes.
>>
No. 762184 ID: 595d54

>>762161
That actually was worked out somewhere, based on Koror being slightly shorter than the average redgrass, and she's a foot or so shorter than Polo, who was already near the lower limit of height for her subrace. So she's definitely abnormally small.

And what >>762180 said.
>>
No. 762233 ID: 44359f

How tall are you, exactly, Koror?

Anyway, slowly sit down and put your hands up. Don't do anything that could be taken as threatening.
>>
No. 762243 ID: a107fd

Sit down on the ground right where you are, keep your hands visible, no sudden movements.

Prospects of finding a common language seem remote, so use empathy. Talk slow, simple words, and concentrate as hard as you can on the corresponding concepts. "I do not know what you are saying. I will do what you say, as soon as I understand what you say. I mean you no harm. I am here by accident. My plane crashed. Do you have any food?"
>>
No. 762360 ID: 594c18

>>762126
Geez, your arms are as long as that spear. So much for reach.

Anyway, fight and flight are both out (you *might* be able to beat this one but against a whole hive you're screwed), so there's no point trying to do anything except impose on their mercy.

I would suggest NOT moving your arms in any way that could be construed as poising to strike. So, claws AWAY from her, and don't raise them too high.

>>762243
Sitting also sounds like a good idea.
>>
No. 762798 ID: 395c02
File 148055912572.png - (17.80KB , 800x600 , 46.png )
762798

>"Rorrosi? Mosi? Liria?"
Okay, there is no chance of me randomly correctly guessing the name of a neumono whose language I don't even understand.

... And, the way things have been going, every chance that I say something insulting and get stuck with a spear. So I'll pass.

>Try to hug her.
I am double passing on that.

>Is the entire hive tiny?
Without seeing any other neumono from the hive I can't say for sure! I'd be pretty surprised if any of them were taller than me given how short this one is, but she could just be an outlier.

I can definitely sense some other neumono nearby besides her, but they're keeping their distance, for whatever reason.

>Stone or metal spearhead?
Looks like stone. I'm trying to look at her and not at the spear but it's hard not to think about getting stabbed again.

>Raise your hands carefully and try to signal harmlessness through empathy.
Hopefully whatever culture this neumono has recognizes hands-up non-threatening. I put them in the air.

>"Rukol ke ana. Malok kaho nuki a... Ko lokka he! Lokka he, e." She waves the end of the spear a little bit. Her empathy still isn't reading as overtly hostile, but...
"I-I don't understand what you're saying, but I don't want to fight you or anything!" I'm pretty sure my voice just squeaked. She's probably still just getting me being frightened.

She tilts her head.

>"Taho rolleki... taho rolleki e!"
...
Her empathy shifts a little, like she's... embarrassed, almost... ?
>>
No. 762799 ID: 395c02
File 148055914694.png - (17.68KB , 800x600 , 47.png )
762799

And she... sets the spear on the ground?

I'm still leaving my hands up for now.

>"Mirrat te a. Ko ukui lokka he!"
"What?" I'm still not getting a word of this, and empathy isn't giving me anything overly specific, either. She's definitely concerned about me in some way.
>"Ko... ko ukui lokka he!" And definitely frustrated, which is coming through way clearer than whatever she's trying to actually say to me.

>Gesture to yourself as say "Koror" as an introduction, see if you can get her to return the gesture.
I guess this is a good of a time as any to try this! I slowly lower one hand and point at my chest, then say my name very carefully.

She just tilts her head again.

>"Lokka na. Ko ukui lokka he!"

Well, I'm lost.
>>
No. 762800 ID: 61c7b9

>>762799
The men of her island have been wiped out in a strangely specific plague. She wants you to father sons with all the members of her village so they can recover.
>>
No. 762801 ID: 595d54

I think she's feeling bad about... having to challenge you, maybe? Move to take the spear and see what happens.
>>
No. 762802 ID: 595d54

>>762800
No, clearly their men were stolen in raids by other tribes and he needs the spear to defend himself.
>>
No. 762804 ID: 398fe1

>>762799
Concerned about you... the spear was pointed at your messed-up eye. Point at your eye and see if that's what she's worried about.

Maybe draw in the dirt to indicate what stabbed you?
>>
No. 762808 ID: c441c1

Male pygmy are the ones with boobs. So it wants to breed you for the future of its clan.
>>762804
since she put the spear down she likely has to do something maybe try sitting down to allow her easier access to your body.
>>
No. 762809 ID: 8111b6

Maybe have a seat. The drawing idea might be good, since words aren't working. Maybe a bit of the emotion woulld get through if you did talk, though.

Don't worry if you suck at drawing. You just need enough to get the idea across. That doesn't need some art master, right?
>>
No. 762811 ID: 3abd97

>Well, I'm lost.
Well it would appear she isn't interested in driving you off as an intruder, or hunting you for food. That's good!

Setting down the spear is a gesture of non-violent intent. That's good. Crouching to make herself smaller is a gesture of submission, or making herself appear less threatening. Submission is kind of odd (you're clearly injured, unarmed, and your empathy would have been broadcasting distress and confusion, not confidence, so your height by itself can't be impressive enough for a native to give up at the sight of you) if that's what it is, but trying to put you at ease is positive.

>what do
You could try crouching down too? Maybe it's a peace gesture, sitting around and negotiating instead of fighting.

Pictograms drawn in the dirt might work. You could draw stick neumono, and one with a hat (you and your hive) and then draw an island around them, and an arrow showing you moving to a different island, to her. (The feeling of separation or anxiety over your hive must be pretty primal emphatically. If you try to communicate "I'm away from my hive" like that, it should get across).

Could also try pointing to your eye, or drawing the Green Cock-Tailed Eyestinger, as mentioned.

You could try offering her your hand? A handshake isn't necessarily native to neumono culture, but the intent should carry, and hands are intimate / emphatically significant.

Oooh! You could mimic her. Make a show of setting your crude shell knife to the side, the same way she did her spear.

>language
Looks like the verb might usually come first, followed by object pronouns that modify it?
>>
No. 762813 ID: db0da2

>ko ukui lokka he
She's been repeating this phrase a lot.

Try to figure out what "lokka he" means, maybe you can get her to show you?
>>
No. 762818 ID: 398fe1

I wonder if Lokka is her name and her culture always speaks in third person?
>>
No. 762820 ID: 3abd97

>>762818
I'm thinking "Lokka" is a verb, so "Lokka na" and "Lokka he" would be modifying it with different object pronouns. (Like, lokka is being done to (or done by) her and them him?

By the same pattern, "Rukol" would be another verb. And "Ko ukui" might be some kind of emphasis? A subject that can't be implied by verb conjugation?
>>
No. 762826 ID: 286d17

>>762813

Maybe repeat "Lokka he" back with a questioning cadence? It might be enough for her to understand you need more help understanding.
>>
No. 762843 ID: 398fe1

Oh while you're drawing in the dirt try explaining how you got here. Like, you could draw your ship in the sky over water with the island nearby, indicate that you are on the ship by pointing to yourself, then rub out your ship and draw a line from where it was to the water, indicate you again. Then draw a line from that location to the island.
>>
No. 762847 ID: 91ee5f

>I can definitely sense some other neumono nearby besides her, but they're keeping their distance, for whatever reason.
They're probably nearby watching because they don't want to spook you and/or if you try to attack her, they'll leap out at you.

Try pointing at your injured eye to see if she reacts in some way to let you know that's what she's talking about.

If it is, you might want to consider letting her look at it, since she lives here and she probably knows how to treat that injury because chances are either her or someone else in her hive have also been jabbed in the eye by one of those birds.

Wait, I just had a terrible thought. What if that bird laid eggs into your eye and she's trying to remove them before they hatch and the baby birds kill you by eating their way out of your head? If that's the case, then you better let her look at your eye! If she has to cut out your eye, you better let her do it! Just, uh, think happy thoughts.
>>
No. 762877 ID: 594c18

My take is that she's embarrassed for someone twice the size of her being so scared of her. And, the concern... I don't suppose you can distinguish whether it's concern for you or about you? Any case my first guess would be they're worried about you discovering them leading to more troublesome visitors.

But uh I guess it could be something about the eye so I guess do the thing everyone's saying where you try to gesture at it.
>>
No. 762898 ID: 7d8168

Go over in your head the events of today. Try to at least convey your feelings about the things that happened. There's a language barrier, but you have empathy and hopefully you can use that to tell your story.
>>
No. 763192 ID: ce3dad

>>762843

These Neumono are clearly tribal. I would refrain from describing technology too much in detail. Keep things simple. Maybe just draw yourself adrift and washing up on shore.
>>
No. 763392 ID: 395c02
File 148082051981.png - (20.54KB , 800x600 , 48.png )
763392

>Move to take the spear.
I, uh, am not going to do that unless I can think of a better reason than a guess! I'm pretty sure trying to take the weapon she just set down would be a great way to convince the other neumono that are around that I'm a threat, which would be bad. I don't know what she was embarrassed about exactly but it's not coming across in her empathy anymore.

>Crouch/sit down.
She actually started standing back up as soon as she put the spear down, but I go ahead and sit down anyway, which... actually puts us at about eye level. Geez, she's short.

She does relax a bit when I do this, though. Is... she actually a little intimidated by me?

>Well it would appear she isn't interested in driving you off as an intruder, or hunting you for food. That's good!
Yeah, this could be going a lot worse right now.

... Okay please don't have just jinxed yourself, Koror.

>Maybe repeat "Lokka he" back with a questioning cadence?
"Lokka he?"
>"Lokka. Ko... ko ukui lokka he." She just says that again, but with a lot less conviction than before, and then sighs I think she's starting to get that I don't understand any of what she's saying at all.

>Point at your eye and see if that's what she's worried about.
"Is... is it my eye? Are you worried about my eye?" I point at it while saying this, since I'm guessing she's figured out about as many words of what I'm saying as I have of what she's saying
>"A, kaho nuki a!" I think I got it right, though, because she gets a little excited. "Kaho nuku ukui lokka he!"
She takes a step toward me and then hesitates. I still don't know what "lokka he" means.

>Try drawing in the dirt.
That's actually a really good idea and I don't know why I wasn't trying to do that before!
>>
No. 763393 ID: 395c02
File 148082054736.png - (15.22KB , 800x600 , 49.png )
763393

I only get as far as clearing away some of the leaves before she loudly clears her throat at me. I look up.

... What is she doing with her hands?

>"Kakarrauk! Kakarraaaaauuuuk!" She lowers her hands and looks at me expectantly, then points at my eye again. ... Oh! The bird!
"Yeah, that's what... Yes." She might not know what I'm saying, and I don't know if nodding will mean anything to her, but hopefully "yes" is a straightforward enough concept that it won't matter as long as I can focus on it enough.

She takes a couple of steps back.
>>
No. 763394 ID: 395c02
File 148082057119.png - (27.40KB , 800x600 , 50.png )
763394

Two even smaller neumono suddenly come out of the foliage, one from behind me. The first one says something to them, but her speech to her hivemates is rather quieter and a lot faster than when she was talking to me and I don't really catch whatever it was.

One of the newcomers is carrying a crude pack, which she sets on the ground. The three of them fish around in it for something while continuing to occasionally make comments to each other, still way too fast for me to parse.

Eventually, they seem to find whatever it was they were looking for, and the two other neumono collect their pack and spear. Meanwhile, the one I first met turns around and slowly approaches me, carrying a strip of cloth and... what looks like a small water skin?

... I guess she really is a little afraid of me without the spear. The last two steps she takes are very deliberate and her hivemates both tense up a little as she gets close to me. She holds up the skin first.

>"Ko... ko lokka la. Sekka ke ala." There's "lokka" again. She seems worried about something, for sure, but I'm not sure what.

She holds the skin over one hand and squeezes it. ... Whatever's in it isn't water, that's for sure. Something pale green and viscous and it smells awful.

>"Sekka... sekka ke ala," she says again. She reaches toward my face, and—
>>
No. 763395 ID: 395c02
File 148082060004.png - (11.59KB , 800x600 , 51.png )
763395

"Gaaahh!" It's not as painful as getting my eye stabbed, but it stings so bad!

When I stop flailing around, I notice that she's put some distance between us, standing about as far back as her hivemates. Readying the cloth, she starts to slowly approach me again. I assume she's going to wrap it over my eye, now.

"It's... it's okay." She seems to understand that well enough. By the time she gets my eye covered, the stinging has faded into numbness. I have no idea what she just rubbed in there, but it's definitely an improvement. She backs away again, and seems like she's going to say something for a moment before just shrugging and sighing.

... So what was I going to draw in the dirt, exactly?
>>
No. 763398 ID: 595d54

Try the missile. Pantomime an explosion and make sound effects, see if they recognize anything like it. If they don't, you should be safe here for the short term. If they do, they might have other information to keep asking about.
>>
No. 763399 ID: d79f26

draw yourself, one of them, and then a third figure for their queen.
>>
No. 763400 ID: 417941

>>763395
Congratulations, you're getting a cruise on towards the Harem Route, by the looks of it!

Think you can draw a raft, a sea, a beach, and yourself? Give them an idea of your story? Might be easier for them to swallow than you arriving by MAGIC FLYING METAL BIRD.

And no sudden movements.
>>
No. 763401 ID: 211d83

Draw yourself happy and flying on a big bird back to your family.

Then draw a scary spear killing your bird thrown from nowhere.

Then draw yourself swimming to this island.
>>
No. 763403 ID: a8aa74

Try not to think about the fact that all three of them are female. You most likely haven't fallen into a dangerous tropical paradise with the world's only all-female hive.

Draw an image to indicate you washed up on shore, maybe something to indicate you're alone so they don't worry about your hive mates showing up to attack them.
>>
No. 763404 ID: 595d54

We probably shouldn't mention Koror is alone just yet. If the only reason they're not attacking him is that they think he has friends, we shouldn't give that up.

Basically don't tell them you're alone until they're actually confirmed friendly and you can communicate better via empathy.
>>
No. 763405 ID: 3abd97

Well, from context, I think "lokka" has something to do with pain or injury. It might be the verb for feeling pain, for being injured, for treating an injury?

"Sekka" seems like another verb. It ends the same way as "lokka" and gets used at the same point in sentences.

>>763395
Some kind of antivenom? A disinfectant? Maybe just something they can gather that's cleaner than the local water and is therefore better for cleaning wounds out with.

>So what was I going to draw in the dirt, exactly?
I would try and convey the concept that you're separated from your hive, and on the wrong island. This means they won't have to be concerned about fighting off a territorial incursion by invading giant newcomers, and hopefully nets you some sympathy.

Like, draw a stick you (in a hat) with hivemates, and then draw an island around it, an arrow off to another island, and then you standing with the three of them (shorter, with a spear).

Maybe if you get that across you can see if they recognize a plane or a missile.

You could try names again. Point to yourself "Koror." point at her and try to make it a question.
>>
No. 763406 ID: 595d54

>>763405
Given how nonexistent neumono infections are, I'd say a treatment for the venom's symptoms, anesthetic, or a bit of both.
>>
No. 763407 ID: ce3dad

>>763405

All good ideas. I still think we should err on the side of caution when talking about technology. You don't need to go around making them think you are a god or something.
>>
No. 763417 ID: 398fe1

I think "lokka" is their word for eye. Or a word for poison.

As for drawing in the sand, draw an explanation for how you got here. The ship flying over water, it exploding, you in the water swimming to shore.
>>
No. 763421 ID: 7d8168

You're in a boxy thing. Boxy thing breaks apart, you fall into the water. You swim to shore. You are accosted by animals. You arrive here.
>>
No. 763423 ID: 91ee5f

>>763395
>eye covered
Congratulations! You are now a neumono pirate with something that isn't an eyepatch over your eye! :D

Seriously, express how thankful you are for what they did for your eye with your empathy. Maybe, while you're still on your knees, bowing your head down to them is something they'll understand as a thank you?
>>
No. 763436 ID: 594c18

>>763394
>she is afraid of me
well yeah, you're twice her size. And by the looks of it so far, twice the size of anyone in her tribe. Wouldn't you be scared if a giant suddenly appeared?

Anyway... I've got nothing new to contribute aside that. Introduce yourself again, draw some shit to communicate this isn't your island (preferably with the implication that you'd like nothing better than to return home, but I figure empathy will take care of that) and uh. see where things go.
>>
No. 763469 ID: 8111b6

Think you can portray your journey in a simple way?

At least you seem to have been so pathetic that you're not a threat to them right now. Maybe you could swing a place to lay your head in relative safety. Hopefully they aren't the sort to keep slaves. (or if they do, only the sexy kind)
>>
No. 763493 ID: 93fb12

A tribal foreign hive that not only doesn't appear to want to kill and eat you, but is actually giving you medical attention?

I wonder if they want something in return, or maybe if they're afraid of being assaulted by a hive of (from their perspective) giants and want to make peace?

Either way, you seem like the luckiest person to ever be shot down into the ocean with missiles and then stabbed in the eye.
>>
No. 763496 ID: 595d54

Don't think about how sexy they look and what nice abs the middle one has.
>>
No. 763508 ID: db0da2

>Two even smaller neumono suddenly come out of the foliage
And these are the women, imagine how small the men must be.

Try to convey that you need food and that you'll repay them if the give it too you. Sequential images, slow simple speech, and empathy should allow you to convey at least that much if you give it some effort.
>>
No. 763711 ID: f75de4

Looks like they sent their champion for first contact with you.
>>
No. 763728 ID: 5b93d3

>>763395
I think to explain that you came from another island might need you to explain the concept of 'another island'.
Start by pointing to a distinctive nearby tree, then drawing it, then the three of them, and you. Next to it, draw the small part of shoreline that you can remember, and mime the ocean waves to get your point across ("whoosh, whoosh!" etc). Make sure you draw some obvious wavy lines to indicate which bit is the ocean.
From the small chunk of coast you drew, try drawing something that looks vaguely like what you can remember the island looks like from the air. Doesn't really need to be accurate though. Surround it with the wavy lines you previously established as ocean.
Now move to a new patch of dirt, and draw the same island shape you did before, but much smaller. More ocean squiggles around it, and this time draw the nearby islands in the chain, as close as you can remember. Point to their island, then to them, then back, to emphasise the point.
Now point to yourself, and walk right to the edge of the clearing, then point even further out, to indicate you came from far from the islands.
Pick up a stone, then hold it level and move it towards the islands. Make a 'bang' noise, then drop the stone near their island. Point to yourself, then the stone, then move your finger onto their island.
>>
No. 763736 ID: 398fe1

>>763711
More like their Queen, I'd bet.

Koror, is there any way you can tell if this is their Queen, or just their strongest warrior?
>>
No. 764051 ID: 395c02
File 148107122993.png - (24.97KB , 800x600 , 52.png )
764051

I finish clearing a space in the dirt and take a moment to go over my thoughts. The tribals eventually figure out I'm up to something, even if they can't quite tell what, and settle across from me after another hushed discussion I can't make out.

>Wouldn't you be scared if a giant suddenly appeared?
I'd be a little scared if a neumono twice my size showed up, sure, but that's mostly because neumono aren't supposed to be anywhere near that big.

... Then again, we aren't supposed to be this small, either.

>Some kind of antivenom? A disinfectant? Maybe just something they can gather that's cleaner than the local water and is therefore better for cleaning wounds out with.
I can't really ask them what it was, but it definitely cut the pain pretty strongly.

>A tribal foreign hive that not only doesn't appear to want to kill and eat you, but is actually giving you medical attention?
I'm, uh, not really an expert on tribals or anything, but it's probably not the most unlikely thing in the world!

Also I don't really want to question it because I like this better than probably dying alone in the jungle.

>Looks like they sent their champion for first contact with you.
>Koror, is there any way you can tell if this is their Queen, or just their strongest warrior?
Well, I don't think this is their queen. The one who's been talking to me seems like she's probably stronger than the other two, and she's definitely more confident, but I don't know about anything beyond that.

>Congratulations, you're getting a cruise on towards the Harem Route, by the looks of it!
>Try not to think about the fact that all three of them are female. You most likely haven't fallen into a dangerous tropical paradise with the world's only all-female hive.
>Don't think about how sexy they look and what nice abs the middle one has.
Well, now I'm thinking about that.

... Kind of glad we don't seem to be able to read each other's empathy very well. Either that or they don't care.

Ahem.

>"Ukui ahe..." Oh, right, I'm supposed to be drawing!
>>
No. 764052 ID: 395c02
File 148107126478.png - (4.80KB , 800x600 , 53.png )
764052

I'll start with something simple, I guess. It didn't work when I pointed at myself and said my name earlier, but maybe...

... Well, that doesn't look very good, but hopefully it gets the point across. I tap the drawing and then my chest.

>"E... ke a. Ke a!"
>"Ke a." One of the other two neumono finally talks to me directly, and all three of them match my gestures. I think they got it!

I point at the drawing again, and then at myself, and then try saying my name.

>"Ko... ror... Koror ke ahe." The... I guess I'm thinking of her as the leader now seems to think for a moment, then points at me. "Koror."
"Yes! Koror."
>"Koror ke a!" We're both grinning like idiots for a moment at the feeling of recognition, and even her companions seem to be a bit less tense now, though I can tell they're still kind of uncomfortable.
>>
No. 764054 ID: 395c02
File 148107132847.png - (7.35KB , 800x600 , 54.png )
764054

I'm about to start tracing something else in the dirt when the first neumono pushes my hand out of the way and draws something for me instead.

... Oh, it's her and the other two tribals, duh. It looks like she's going to try and copy what I just did.

>"Kasaka te a, Okal se a, Murel se a." She points at herself, the one who just had a spear, and the one with the pack in turn, and then looks up at me expectantly.
"Kasaka, Okal, Murel," I say, mirroring her gesture like she did mine earlier.
>"A-a!" Kasaka seems to be outright excited that she taught me her name.
>>
No. 764055 ID: 395c02
File 148107136149.png - (4.77KB , 800x600 , 55.png )
764055

>Try to explain how you got here!
I clear out some more space and start doodling the shuttle, but—
>I still think we should err on the side of caution when talking about technology.
>Might be easier for them to swallow than you arriving by MAGIC FLYING METAL BIRD.
—decide it might be better to go with something they'd probably actually understand.

So instead I try to work backwards and start with the island I'm on. ... It kind of just looks like a blob, and I don't really have a great way to show the ocean, though...

The tribals kind of stare at it for a moment.

>"Ukui ahe." Kasaka continues to do almost all of their talking. I don't think they understand what I'm going for.

Uh, hmm.
>>
No. 764056 ID: 395c02
File 148107137465.png - (5.65KB , 800x600 , 56.png )
764056

Maybe if I...

I can't make the island shaped right, but maybe if I can just show it's where we all are it'll work. I raise my arms and try to gesture at everything around us.

Again, the other neumono just stare at my drawing for a while, trying to puzzle it out.

>"... Akallori... akallori ahe." I'm a little surprised to hear Murel, who has been the most timid of the three so far, speak up.
>"Akallori ahe!" Kasaka says the same thing, looking at me and similarly gesturing around like I did. They might understand what I'm going for, or they might just think I mean the whole world or something. Hrm.
>>
No. 764057 ID: 395c02
File 148107139425.png - (8.60KB , 800x600 , 57.png )
764057

I think they can sense I'm not sure whether or not to confirm their thoughts. Again, though, it's Murel who gets up, moves closer to me, and adds to my drawing.

... Okay, they definitely got that I meant the island, I think! I get that same kind of excited empathy from all three of them, now.

What should I try drawing next?
>>
No. 764058 ID: 211d83

Did you draw yourself with a 3 foot dick in the first drawing?

Anyways draw a second island with lots of hat people waving. Then a hat guy going out sailing on a raft and a missile thing eating it.
>>
No. 764059 ID: 595d54

>>763398
This sort of thing. See if they recognize what a plane or missile is. If not, you should be safe here. After that, draw another island some distance away and ask if they have any boats.

>>764058
That's a tail, he's facing towards the tribals. ...Riiiight, Koror? Or are you already trying to brag?
>>
No. 764060 ID: 15a025

>>764058
For the missile thing make it a shark.
>>
No. 764063 ID: 771e44

>>764058
it's a tail you numpty

>>764057
maybe draw your island and the mainland with this island in-between.
Then you in the ship falling out next to their island, probably best to omit the missile stuff.
>>
No. 764071 ID: 3abd97

Okay, that gives us a foothold in the language.

>"Koror ke a!"
Koror he is.

>"Kasaka te a, Okal se a, Murel se a."
Kasaka I am, Okal she is, Murel she is.

>"Ke a."
Literally: he is.
Subjectively: It's him.

>Koror ke ahe.
>"Akallor ahe!

I think "ahe" and "a" are both "is", except "a" deals with literal things, where "ahe" is for things that are representative, speculative, non-objective? Sort of like the ser / estar split in spanish.

So "Koror ke ahe" is "I think he's Koror" and "Akallor ahe!" is "It's the Island!" (But not "Akallor a" because a drawing isn't literally the island).

Although "Akallori" might be "world" "home" etc, instead of "island".


>What should I try drawing next?
Draw your island, with tall neumono, and you. Then erase that you, and draw a dotted arrow path leading over to their island. Let them know you're not from here.
>>
No. 764072 ID: 398fe1

>>764063
Yeah let's just... say you were on a boat. Heck, don't even indicate something attacked the boat. Draw that it sprung a leak and sank.
>>
No. 764082 ID: 4863e5

Ok, so first, just draw yourself in a box with waves underneath. That's nice and ambiguous, you don't need to lie or nothin'.

Then you draw a triangular thing going towards the box, then you draw the box cracking open around you, then you draw yourself under the waves. Then you draw yourself on the island again.

Do you know enough geography to draw a map including this island, your home, and the nearest coast? And any other islands around the place? I mean, you were supposed to be piloting.
>>
No. 764087 ID: 91ee5f

>>764071
>Draw your island, with tall neumono, and you. Then erase that you, and draw a dotted arrow path leading over to their island. Let them know you're not from here.
Adding to this. Draw a sad face on the picture of you on the tiny neumono's island. Hopefully that'll let them know that you're homesick and you want to go home.
>>
No. 764089 ID: 91ee5f

>>764087
And also draw something that can be understood as you asking for their help. Especially with food and shelter.
>>
No. 764104 ID: db0da2

Point to Okal and Murel and say "Kasaka hive", then draw a representation of your hive on a separate island and say "Koror hive". Then try to indicate that you want to get back there, and that if they help you your hive will reward them.
>>
No. 764105 ID: db0da2

>>764104
Oh, and try not to think about how their friendliness implies they might be totally okay with exophilia.
>>
No. 764139 ID: 595d54

>>764105
Especially since him checking them out didn't bother them.
>>
No. 764161 ID: 5d6a50

>>764054
Why did you bother drawing your MASSIVE DICK! It is completely relevant right now imeanirrelevant!

>>764057
How far away was your island from here again?
>>
No. 764163 ID: 61c7b9

>>764161
That's obviously his tail. Koror is actually a she, and therefore has no massive penis to draw.
>>
No. 764177 ID: 8111b6

For the journey, perhaps indicate going past their island, and not to it, to avoid possible 'invasion' thoughts. Wreck happens, you wind up here.

Beyond that, I've got no idea what else to draw about. Perhaps their response will give ideas.

Well... Ideas other than the apparent small neumono fetishism that seems to be bubbling up. (Good thing neumono can regenerate. I bet one of 'em would need it after a ride on the Koror cannon)
>>
No. 764825 ID: 395c02
File 148132836840.png - (20.25KB , 800x600 , 58.png )
764825

>Okay, that gives us a foothold in the language.
That... all sounds reasonable, but I don't think I'm confident enough to try saying anything back to them yet.

>Did you draw yourself with a 3 foot dick in the first drawing?
>Why did you bother drawing your MASSIVE DICK!
>That's obviously his tail. Koror is actually a she, and therefore has no massive penis to draw.
I... what.

>Oh, and try not to think about how their friendliness implies they might be totally okay with exophilia.
>Especially since him checking them out didn't bother them.
>Ideas other than the apparent small neumono fetishism that seems to be bubbling up. (Good thing neumono can regenerate. I bet one of 'em would need it after a ride on the Koror cannon)
Why am I thinking about this right now

The other two tribals whisper something to Kasaka. I can't tell if they're looking at me like that because they're confused by what I'm thinking, or if they're just waiting for me to draw something else.

I'm... just going to move on like none of that went through my head.

Uh, where was I.
>>
No. 764826 ID: 395c02
File 148132839928.png - (7.99KB , 800x600 , 59.png )
764826

>Do you know enough geography to draw a map including this island, your home, and the nearest coast? And any other islands around the place? I mean, you were supposed to be piloting.
I, um, do not exactly have a map of the island chain memorized, but there's one larger island at the far northern end, where I live, one larger island at the far southern end, where I picked up the shuttle and where the nearest settlement to us is, and then a bunch of smaller islands and atolls running irregularly between them. The nearest major landmass is somewhere even further south. I think. Not like I've ever been there!

>How far away was your island from here again?
I'm not totally sure where I am right now, obviously, but I was somewhere around halfway back home, so ... several hundred kilometers for sure.

>Draw your island, with tall neumono, and you.
>Anyways draw a second island with lots of hat people waving.
Well, that's not too hard. Though I think if these neumono ever meet my hive they might be a little disappointed that we mostly aren't wearing hats.

>"Akallori a..." It's Kasaka again. She thinks for a moment, conferring with the other two. "Kaho akallori ahe."

Not sure what that means.

>"Taho akallori a." She's pointing at the first drawing. "Kaho akallori ahe." And back to the one I just made. She's pretty clearly wanting me to confirm whatever it is she's saying.
"Um..."

If "akallori" does mean "island"...

>"Kaho... Kororoho akallori ahe." She points at my new drawing again. "Ros akallor ke ra he. Korori ra he!"

I'm ... mostly sure she's asking if that's my island, or something like that. I go ahead and signal "yes" for now, but I think they can tell I don't feel sure about it.
>>
No. 764827 ID: 395c02
File 148132842198.png - (8.88KB , 800x600 , 60.png )
764827

>Then erase that you, and draw an arrow path leading over to their island.
I kind of mess up the drawing trying to erase myself, but I go ahead and do this. Hopefully the arrow metaphor works for them.

Once I move back and finish the drawing, they immediately start conferring with each other again, and then Kasaka speaks up as usual.

>"Ros akallor ke ra. Ke..." She stops, like she's realized something, and all three of them abruptly seem upset. "Silla... ke a."

I'm trying to think of what she could mean when she starts walking across the dirt patch.
>>
No. 764828 ID: 395c02
File 148132844620.png - (21.73KB , 800x600 , 61.png )
764828

... Oh.

Even the other two tribals seem a little surprised by this.
>>
No. 764831 ID: 595d54

They might think you've gone rogue. Although isn't that fairly easy to notice/identify via empathy? Hug her back and try to communicate that you're fine for now but it sucks being separated.
>>
No. 764834 ID: 398fe1

>>764828
Aw, she feels sorry for you I guess. Return the hug.

Wait there isn't a misunderstanding, is there? I hope they don't think you're an exile or rogue or "erasing" that stick figure meant someone died.

Maybe you can draw a boat on the picture of this island, then draw you in the boat and draw an arrow back to your island?
>>
No. 764835 ID: d79f26

dawww, she cares. pat her head.
>>
No. 764837 ID: da1652

>>764828
How often did your ancestors do -anything- alone? Rogue or not, they understand that you are away from your hive and likely assume there's no way you can get back to them.
>>
No. 764839 ID: 49fe0f

Yeah I think she thinks you've gone rogue. Clear it up now or it'll only be more awkward later. Draw, like, another bigger island off to the side, a line going to that from your home island and a line coming back, draw yourself in a box over some waves midway back to your island, take a moment to point to that drawing and to the line and to your home island to give them the right picture, then rub or scratch out the half of the line past where it passes their island and the box you're in, draw some waves over our head, then draw a line going from there to their island.

But also pat her on the back and try send her grateful feelings.
>>
No. 764842 ID: c05359

Try not to think about how nice it feels to have her small frame pressed up against you like that.

Instead, put your finger under her chin to push her to look at you and give her a smile. Does Okal really look shocked about what happened or more like she's only barely holding back from doing the same?
>>
No. 764849 ID: 3abd97

Um, pat her back?

>They might think you've gone rogue. Although isn't that fairly easy to notice/identify via empathy?
Rogueness is supposed to be fairly easy to identify, as a rogue is carrying a lot specific emotional baggage. It's traumatic to make that kind of fundamental break from everyone who ever cared about you, and that used to define your identity.

I suppose if they haven't had a rogue in recent memory (which could be possible for a relatively small hive, especially if these three are of the younger generation?) they might not have actually felt one before, and only know from stories.

>what do
Try to set her strait. You're lost you're not rogue! Push her chin up, Give her a smile.

Maybe, point and her, and her hive mates, saying there names, then call then a hive. (If there's one word empathy should help make clear with emotional impact, it's that one).

Then point at you, say your name, point at your drawing of home, say a few hivemates' names and say hive again.
>>
No. 764861 ID: 91ee5f

>>764825
>>764828
Where are the bandages they put over your right eye? I know neumono can heal fast, but you can't heal that fast!
>>
No. 764862 ID: f0e552

>>764828
hug back! unless you don't want to, but how could you not?!
>>
No. 764863 ID: 395c02

>>764861
art error, fixed
>>
No. 764865 ID: a8bc5c

Do the following.

Draw her and her friends, then encircle the drawing and say hive while projecting peace and love.

Next, draw a neumono (not you!) and several others fighting/yelling. Project hate for a second.

THEN, draw yourself. Draw some people you know. Encircle this last drawing and project happiness, love and then confusion/lostness while you scratch out the second drawing.
>>
No. 764867 ID: c409ac

>>764828
I think they assumed you mean you've gone rogue, this is why we draw the broken transport!
maybe edit the line to go around the island, show a little broken boat where it's nearest the island and a line from there to you here.
>>
No. 764871 ID: 211d83

Woops now they think you went rogue and ran away.

Give her a little hug and shake your head.

Then draw you on a boat fishing or something near your island. Then a drawing of getting caught in a big storm. Then you on a raft and a big shark attacking the boat and you swimming to this island.
>>
No. 764902 ID: db0da2

I think they think you went rouge. Reciprocate the hug at least, but try to clear up the confusion. Maybe show that you want to go back? Try to figure out what their word for hive is, try >>764104.
>>
No. 764904 ID: 7d8168

Yeah, convey that you were on your way back, actually... draw a big loop that goes from your island, to somewhere else, then back past their island. Then draw the crash somehow (I dunno, box breaking apart?) as you pass their island on the way back, scratch out the rest of the line, and show the line that detours over to their island.

Just one line kind of implies "I left home and came here" as opposed to "I wound up here trying to get home"... which are pretty different messages.
>>
No. 764906 ID: 3e182c

Don't worry about the specifics. It's an overly complex problem to draw unless you can draw the crash. They'll know you situation when they feel you missing your people.

They get that you are far from home. That is enough for now.

You Should Focus on learning their language.
>>
No. 765193 ID: 395c02
File 148147726431.png - (18.68KB , 800x600 , 62.png )
765193

>Return the hug.
>Um, pat her back?
I... feel a little awkward doing this, but it seems like—

>Try not to think about how nice it feels to have her small frame pressed up against you like that.
why do I keep thinking these things

>Does Okal really look shocked about what happened or more like she's only barely holding back from doing the same?
It's hard for me to say! Murel and Okal still seem like they don't want to come much closer to me.

>They might think you've gone rogue.
... Uh. Crap, I didn't even think of that.

>Although isn't that fairly easy to notice/identify via empathy?
It really should be, yeah, but... I don't know. Now I'm not sure.

Kasaka eventually lets go of me and steps back.

>Try to set her straight. You're lost you're not rogue!
I mean, I kind of feel like it's not going to be easy to tell if they get this, but I'll give it a shot.

"Kasaka, Okal, Murel, hive. Hive?" I point at all three of them in turn, then gesture at them together.
>"Hai... haiwa...." I think Kasaka is trying to say "hive."
>"Haiva." Murel, unexpectedly.
>"Karrasi ahe. Haiwa karrasi ahe."
"Uh, yes." I think. I'm pretty sure. I point at them one more time. "Hive."
>"Karrasi a." I'm almost positive that means "hive."
"Okay. Uh. Koror, Tomo, Mary, uh, my hive." And back to the drawing. "Koror's hive. Um... Koror... karrasi?"
>"Koror karrasi... Kaho karrasi a." I think they get it? Maybe?
>>
No. 765194 ID: 395c02
File 148147728963.png - (8.34KB , 800x600 , 63.png )
765194

Uh, maybe it'll help if I try messing with my sketch in the dirt. They step back when I grab the stick again.

>Yeah, convey that you were on your way back, actually... draw a big loop that goes from your island, to somewhere else, then back past their island. Then draw the crash somehow (I dunno, box breaking apart?) as you pass their island on the way back, scratch out the rest of the line, and show the line that detours over to their island.
I've been unsure of whether or not to try and draw anything like the shuttle, but I guess I might as well at this point.

... There. I honestly have no idea if this makes anything clearer to them, but I tried.

They consult for a while, and then Kasaka looks up at me and points at the shuttle and the crash.
>"Ros akallor ke ra. Ukui ahe."
"I, um... it was a shuttle. Um..." I mime a shuttle flying through the air, with a whooshing noise. "And I got hit by a missile. Krrblachow. And I ended up here."

Kasaka looks at me for a while, not responding, then turns around to consult with the other two. They're talking even faster than they usually are when they're not addressing me, but they're definitely worried about something now that they weren't a moment ago.

... I hope I didn't just mess up.
>>
No. 765195 ID: 395c02
File 148147730856.png - (18.16KB , 800x600 , 64.png )
765195

Finally, Kasaka addresses me again, a little uncertainly.

>"Ma te... ke ra la. Kalukkiru ke moraka la." I think she wants me to follow them. I mean, not just because Kasaka is pointing over her shoulder, but behind the worry I'm definitely getting that sense from them as well. "Ke ra la he."
>>
No. 765196 ID: d79f26

sure.

quick question, how many 5 year olds could you beat in a fight?
>>
No. 765199 ID: 91cfcf

Sure, let's see what's going on.
>>
No. 765200 ID: 91cfcf

>why do I keep thinking these things
Because you're all alone in a strange land with some attractive women and it's presumably been a while since you were last with your hive. Now try not to stare at butts too much.
>>
No. 765201 ID: ce3dad

I think going with them is the only option now.
>>
No. 765203 ID: c05359

Well, your options are to follow them towards people who may harm you or stay out here on your own with wildlife that will continue to harm you. I think the choice should be fairly obvious right now.
>>
No. 765208 ID: 3e182c

Welp. Following time.
>>
No. 765213 ID: 91ee5f

Try not to make any sudden moves when you stand back up. Remember, you're bigger than them, so you making any sudden moves, even if it's as harmless as standing up, might scare them.
>>
No. 765214 ID: 3abd97

>... I hope I didn't just mess up.
Well, it's possible they've seen planes or missiles or other things fly over before, or seen boats in the distance. They might know what you're talking about, they just never realized those things could pick up neumono and move them between islands!

It's also possible you managed to get across the fact you were attacked. And something attacking neumono and stranding them on the wrong island would be of concern to them?

Really hard to tell more until you've figured out more of their language, or spent enough time with them that it becomes easier to get more complex or detailed ideas across with just empathy.

>I think she wants me to follow them.
Hey it beats dying alone in the jungle.

Absolute worst case: even if they decide to kill and eat you, at least you're feeding your own species and not some monster.

>>765196
He couldn't beat a bird or a snail. What makes you think he's even in a 5 year old's league? Much less when they outnumber him and have spears!
>>
No. 765216 ID: 4cfe41

>>765214
To be fair, it goes snail < Koror ? 5 year old < bird.
>>
No. 765234 ID: c0136f

>>765195
They've been helpful thus far, It's probably okay to follow.
Just keep your wits about you, without any knowledge of the jungle or ability to communicate with them you'll need to be careful about doing something wrong/dangerous they'd otherwise be able to warn you about/assume you know.
>>
No. 765258 ID: 8111b6

Follow follow

At least things seem like they're smoothed out and the tension isn't as much.
>>
No. 765933 ID: 395c02
File 148176742040.png - (23.74KB , 800x600 , 65.png )
765933

>How many 5 year olds could you beat in a fight?
That seems like one of those questions where the answer could be all over the place.

Also, the tribals probably actually know how to fight, and they have spears, and I don't really want to even fight one of them.

>Absolute worst case: even if they decide to kill and eat you, at least you're feeding your own species and not some monster.
This is not reassuring at all!

That said, I don't think they're going to do that, at this point. I hope.

>Well, it's possible they've seen planes or missiles or other things fly over before, or seen boats in the distance.
That's possible, I guess! I think a boat is probably more likely than anything else.

>Follow follow!
I don't seem to have much choice, do I, huh.

>Try not to make any sudden moves when you stand back up. Remember, you're bigger than them, so you making any sudden moves, even if it's as harmless as standing up, might scare them.
I carefully get back to my feet. As soon as I do, Kasaka gestures for me to follow her again, not saying anything this time. We head out with her in front of me and the other two behind.

... If Kasaka is following a path, it's not one I can see any signs of. All three of them are uncomfortably silent as we make our way through the jungle, and they stay in that weird, worried mood.

I start to wonder if I should say something when Kasaka abruptly stops and I almost run into her. She holds her spear up defensively, looking around.
>>
No. 765935 ID: 395c02
File 148176746174.png - (18.60KB , 800x600 , 66.png )
765935

>"KRSSSSSHHHH"
"Gah!"
>"A!"
>"Arasi a!"

I barely have time to react to, uh... whatever it is that jumps out from behind the foliage before Kasaka maneuvers behind it to drive her spear into its head and it goes limp.

Then she stabs it a half dozen more times. Eesh.
>>
No. 765937 ID: 395c02
File 148176748456.png - (22.26KB , 800x600 , 67.png )
765937

I'm not usually involved in preparing food back home, and we mostly eat fish anyway, so I find myself watching with a little fascination as Murel gets a couple of crude knives out of the pack and the tribals make short work of... I guess this was some kind of snake. I'm not really sure. It's bigger than I expected. It also smells horrible. Eugh.

... There's no hesitation once they're done, either. They eat like this is the first opportunity they've had all day, and even seem to forget I'm here for a while.

Nnnot exactly what I'm used to.

Eventually, Kasaka looks up at me, tilting her head. It's a little weird seeing her face with blood on it.
>"Mar ke ahe." She gestures at the remains of the snake.

... When was the last time I ate anything?
>>
No. 765941 ID: 398fe1

>>765937
Yesterday. Eat eat eat. You need to eat, you high-metabolism Neumono you. You cannot afford to be picky. Hold your nose so you don't have to smell it.
>>
No. 765942 ID: 595d54

Well, go eat. See what happens when you think about headpats and do so if they don't object.
>>
No. 765947 ID: 91ee5f

>>765937
>... When was the last time I ate anything?
Well, let's see. The crash happened yesterday, so probably around sometime before the crash.

They're offering food, I suggest you eat it. And if it tastes bad, then man up and eat it anyways because the taste doesn't matter when it comes to surviving or starving! Besides, if they're eating it, then it must be safe to eat.
>>
No. 765949 ID: 595d54

>>765937
Oh, and I'd say it's time to start asking them about themselves. Even if you don't understand perfectly it's good to get closer empathy-wise and build up a lexicon of their language. Ask about what they do, what their hive is like, their favorite things, how badly they need new breeding stock, the usual stuff.
>>
No. 765958 ID: 62e3c5

Look man, it looks like you're stuck here for now and might be for quite a long time. You're going to have to do this. Eat now, if it's that bad then consider it motivation to master fishing when you have some time.
>>
No. 765959 ID: 3abd97

>Then she stabs it a half dozen more times. Eesh.
Hey, better to be sure it's dead then to get bit by something that might be faking for a last attack. No such thing as overkill, here.

>... When was the last time I ate anything?
Too long ago. If you crashed around midday, and it's afternoon now, you missed Afternoon Tea, Dinner, Supper, Breakfast, Second Breakfast, Eleneses and Luncheon. And various snacks. And now it's tea time again!

Remember to thank your hosts, even if you're not terribly keen on raw snake.

>>765933
Maybe you should offer piggyback or horsey rides. I bet that would make you more popular!
>>
No. 765984 ID: c441c1

Are they eating it raw? If they are I think its time to teach them about the miracles of fire and increasing nutrients through cooking. Also so you don't get sick from the boundless bacteria that you body isn't used to from the island.
>>
No. 765989 ID: 595d54

>>765984
Bacteria are a nonissue and if they have the typical carnivore digestive tract, raw meat will be more nutritious. We started cooking meat to make it easier to digest and safer to eat. Neumono don't generally have to worry about either, with their diet and immune system/regen.
>>
No. 766026 ID: 7d8168

>>765984
More like changing nutrients. Stuff gets broken down in the fire, so you get some simple new stuff you wouldn't have gotten otherwise, but you lose out on some of the nifty complex molecules.

And yeah, you should definitely eat, but maybe cook it first if you know how to start a fire quick.

But you're a nerd, not a outdoorsman, so you probably don't know how to start a fire.
>>
No. 766029 ID: b412df

Eat, don't start a fire, it'll take time and draw the attention of predators. Most likely they this is just a case of, oh food tried to hunt us instead of the other-way round, might as well make the most of it and keep going.
>>
No. 766066 ID: f927e8

Don't eat the snake, eat them! They'll never expect that.
>>
No. 766176 ID: c441c1

>>765984
also when making a fire try not to think about your own burning desires in your pants.
>>
No. 766402 ID: 595d54

>>766066
eat them out*
>>
No. 767013 ID: 395c02
File 148220179652.png - (13.56KB , 800x600 , 68.png )
767013

>Are they eating it raw? If they are I think its time to teach them about the miracles of fire and increasing nutrients through cooking.
It would probably taste better cooked, but I'm not about to try to start a fire. Especially with how the rest of my day has gone.

>Oh, and I'd say it's time to start asking them about themselves. Even if you don't understand perfectly it's good to get closer empathy-wise and build up a lexicon of their language. Ask about what they do, what their hive is like, their favorite things, how badly they need new breeding stock, the usual stuff.
This would be easier to do if—

>how badly they need new breeding stock
>try not to think about your own burning desires in your pants.
Oh come on I've been away from home for like two days why is this happening

Okay, just... moving on.

>The crash happened yesterday, so probably around sometime before the crash.
Unless I'm really off on my guess of how long I dozed off for, it's only been a couple hours, not an entire day.

But, uh, point taken. I really probably shouldn't be turning down food.

I reach out with one hand and Kasaka hands me a... chunk of snake, I guess. I really can't express how bad this smells. I'm kind of surprised they're willing to eat this. Maybe you get used to it?

... Euuugghhh.

Well, I manage to choke at least some of it down, anyway...
>>
No. 767015 ID: 395c02
File 148220196352.png - (31.44KB , 800x600 , 69.png )
767015

Things are pretty quiet as we continue through the jungle. That sense of worry I feel gets just a little stronger with time, however, and I'm starting to get a little worried myself.

A little more worried, I guess.

>Maybe you should offer piggyback or horsey rides. I bet that would make you more popular!
Either I can't explain this well enough, though, or they're just not keen on the idea. I end up getting puzzled looks from all three of them.

Anyway, it's not long before I start to sense other neumono. Quite a few of them, actually...

... Oh, that would explain it.

There's a break in the foliage and almost without warning the four of us are standing at the edge of a large clearing. There are a half dozen or so... I want to call them huts, and a big fire ring. I guess they do know how to cook things, then.

I have a feeling there are normally somewhat more neumono around than this, given how big the huts are.

Also they're all staring at me.
>>
No. 767016 ID: 595d54

>>767013
Immediately rate them on fuckability.

While you're doing that, say hi and see if the three with you expect you to do anything. If not, carefully go to their queen and make some gesture of submission. The blue one in the middle with the feathery headdress.
>>
No. 767018 ID: 595d54

Oh and give as many headpats as you can.
>>
No. 767020 ID: 61c7b9

>>767015
Wave and smile peacefully. BE A PEACEHIVE NEUMONO QUICK.
>>
No. 767021 ID: c441c1

Quick initiate your hives mating dance.
>>
No. 767025 ID: 477b7d

... I wonder if the color red happens to be important. Make a mental note to figure out what word red is in their language.
>>
No. 767030 ID: 3abd97

Wow pygmy babies are like super small aren't they.

I'm guessing the headdress one is probably the Queen or at least important.

Give a big old wave. Remember, you'll only representing all galactic civilization here. No pressure!
>>
No. 767037 ID: 398fe1

Wave and let your new friends introduce you. See if you can pick up a few more words of the language.
>>
No. 767057 ID: 8b04db

these neumono are all green and blue, seeing a red neumono, an outsider at that must be weird for them
>>
No. 767070 ID: 2bbaec

>>767015
smile and wave until your friends bail you out of the awkwardness
>>
No. 767073 ID: 49978d

Better repeat your non-threatening act, sitting down and letting them come to you.
>>
No. 767095 ID: 91ee5f

>>767015
>Neumono with feathers.
That must be their Queen! And she's supposed to be the biggest out of all of them, so she might actually be tall enough for the top of her head to reach your chin!

>I guess they do know how to cook things, then.
Or they don't know how to cook things because they only use the fire to keep warm at night.

>Also they're all staring at me.
Well, what did you expect? Compared to them, you're a fucking giant! In fact, they might be nervous just like Kasaka, Okal, and Murel were when they met you!

So, I guess if they come at you with their weapons or if they run and hide from you, the best thing you can do is let Kasaka, Okal, and Murel tell them that you're not going to hurt them.
>>
No. 767098 ID: 6d2f34

>>767073
This
>>
No. 767100 ID: 398fe1

It looks like they have a drying rack for jerky, at least.
>>
No. 767105 ID: 9ab95f

Everyone is so...
Colorful.
Aren't most hives typically like 2 fur colors tops? I have a feeling they are all descended from cast away like yourself.
>>
No. 767106 ID: 595d54

>>767105
Nah, plenty of hives mix it up. Also they're all just shades of blue or green, that's still normal.
>>
No. 767139 ID: 8111b6

Wave hello.
So... between the neumono with you and the ones you see, that makes 16. Undoubtedly, there are more hunting groups out there. ...or so I'd hope.
Three per hut would be 18, six per hut would be 36... or maybe they really cram 'em in there at 10 or 12 per hut?
I guess let your guides lead the way. Hey, maybe you could show them a few simple things to help them out, technology-wise. I'm sure they'll eventually meet some group that'd want to either enslave, uplift, or eradicate them, so a bit of help might give them a shot.
>>
No. 767148 ID: 348bb9

WE MUST IMMEDIATELY HAVE A CLOSE LOOK AT THE PYGMY NEUMONO BABIES!

I wonder if the small size is due to limited resources or better survival against the dangers of this island?

If it's the former then breeding with them won't be to big of an issue.
>>
No. 767163 ID: 790549

Just stand there awkwardly for a second until your new friends start introducing you. I notice only one has any headwear; probably a symbol of position. I hope they haven't mistook your hat as a similar sign.
>>
No. 767164 ID: dbf8a5

There is a bit more diversity than expected, but if they interbred with jungle neumono at some point this would be normal, and it isn't that much of a stretch that that could have happened naturally. Think friendly thoughts and let them introduce you, then try to explain your situation to the queen. Try to pick up as much of their language as you can. Next time you use pictograms try using a squiggly circle around hivemates to represent a hive, this might help you keep them from thinking you are a rogue
>>
No. 767170 ID: 3d2d5f

>>767164
Honestly, except for really tiny tribe hives like Giant's, I don't think we've ever seen a hive that's purely one race. (And Gianthive may not be a good data point, since they were salikai test subjects and population distribution might have been subject to external influences).
>>
No. 767240 ID: 14554d

The blue one in the center looks the most important. Let's see what they have to offer. It's possible they are bettter educated on languages.
>>
No. 767303 ID: a21032

>>767015
>normally more neumono around than this
It's still day, right? They're probably out hunting.

And yeah they're all staring at you you're probably the biggest anomaly they've seen in their whole lives. No pun intended.

I'm guessing they'll be bringing you to the queen, or if not then someone who might stand a better chance of translating. So uh just keep following along I guess. Yup.
>>
No. 768985 ID: 395c02
File 148307496206.png - (13.26KB , 800x600 , 70.png )
768985

Before I have a chance to do anything, Kasaka and the taller neumono with the headdress lock eyes. I get the sense that Kasaka is unhappy about something, right before she runs all the way across camp and they almost immediately begin loudly discussing something. ... I can't really make out any of the words. It does mean that the other neumono in the settlement aren't sure whether or not to keep staring at me or look at them instead.

>Immediately rate them on fuckability.
oh come on

>WE MUST IMMEDIATELY HAVE A CLOSE LOOK AT THE PYGMY NEUMONO BABIES!
I don't think any of them are babies, just children. And, uh, in light of how everyone here seems mildly alarmed by me just being present, I think I'll, uh, let them get near me if they want, instead.
>>
No. 768986 ID: 395c02
File 148307498383.png - (13.84KB , 800x600 , 71.png )
768986

>Give a big old wave.
>Remember, you'll only representing all galactic civilization here. No pressure!
Why do I think these things?!

... Uh, anyway, neither Murel nor Okal is really giving me any indication of what I should be doing at this point. They're both staring at Kasaka and who I'm assuming is their queen. I try to wave and smile.

... I feel really awkward.
>>
No. 768987 ID: 395c02
File 148307500282.png - (21.18KB , 800x600 , 72.png )
768987

>Better repeat your non-threatening act, sitting down and letting them come to you.
I very cautiously take a few steps so that I'm on the edge of the settlement next to the rocks and... I'm not sure if this is a spring or pond or what, actually, and sit down. The other neumono keep their distance from me, but they don't freak out or anything, though they do send the children scampering off behind them.

Murel leaves to... I don't know exactly, but she's heading over toward the central hut and the queen.

"Uh..." I look to Okal for guidance, but she just awkwardly looks at me, then at the queen and Kasaka, then at the ground, then shrugs, still not saying anything. Come to think of it, I don't think she's said a single word to me directly this entire time.

Finally, a couple of the neumono closest to me very warily get within a few feet of where I'm sitting. They both look over at Okal, presumably communicating something or other, then back at me. I think they're waiting for me to do something...?
>>
No. 768989 ID: 595d54

>>768987
Try a headpat and see how she reacts. If nothing else, might help empathetic communications.
>>
No. 768990 ID: 398fe1

>>768987
Offer to shake hands, and introduce yourself.
That would be "Koror te a."
>>
No. 768991 ID: 595d54

if headpats don't work try offering her your hat
>>
No. 768993 ID: 9145ba

Belch loudly.
>>
No. 769002 ID: 8d99f5

Whip out your diNO
Maybe just lie down and spread yourself out? I can think of few acts less threatening.

Then you'll probably pass out from the exhaustion of the day and have a good dream and then pop a huge boner. Win win
>>
No. 769009 ID: db0da2

>>768989
Please don't, there's a million ways they could take this badly.

Since a talk with the queen doesn't seem to be forthcoming, try introducing yourself. If that doesn't work out then just take a while to lie down and rest.
>>
No. 769017 ID: 3abd97

>>768989
I'd resist that urge for now. Kind of intimate and personal, and maybe not the best idea to go grabbing at people's heads when they're anxious.

>>768990
Introducing yourself to the green dude approaching isn't the worst idea. Although they might not recognize handshaking as a gesture / greeting.

>>768991
If nothing else, dropping your hat on Okal might be a good ice breaker. It's not like anything they have, and it's kind of a silly gesture.
>>
No. 769019 ID: 595d54

Also, maybe try saying "Mirrat te a?"

Kasaka said it when she was putting down the spear, and it translates to "I am <something>." Might be a good chance to suss out whether it means something like "friendly"/"not a threat" or "strong"/"a hunter".
>>
No. 769030 ID: 595d54

Making all the suggestions, but it's time for IRC-based language speculation. When you give Okal the hat, say... "Okaloho?"
>>
No. 769039 ID: 91ee5f

>>768987
Use your empathy and express friendly thoughts! Maybe wag your tail to express happiness?

Also, make sure you turn your head so that you don't let them sneak up on you from your right side. You're blind over there until your eye heals. And don't turn your head really fast! You don't want your floppy ears to smack someone, right? Your ears are so big, you might accidentally knock someone out!
>>
No. 769075 ID: 8111b6

Introduce yourself.

Try to keep those awkward thoughts like how you could probably almost wrap your hand all the way around her waist and use her like a masturbatory aid, bouncing her on 'little Koror' enthusiastically until the two of you pass out, to a minimum. After all, you wouldn't want to have something that's probably as big as their forearm suddenly start growing so you'd have to hide it. You don't seem like you'd have much luck with that.

Maybe you can get a name by showing you know the names of the ones that helped you.
If you can get in the good empathy of the tribe, maybe Kasaka will have an easier time in there.

...point to your eye and pantomime the bird story?
>>
No. 769094 ID: 790549

Introduce yourself to the best of your ability. Be ready when introducing yourself in their native tongue may cause them to think you speak the language and say more things you don't understand.
>>
No. 769108 ID: 15a025

Do a little dance.
>>
No. 769112 ID: 3abd97

>>769030
That's the possessive. We don't want to give away his hat for good!
>>
No. 769114 ID: 595d54

>>769112
Don't worry, we can get it back after we seduce her.
>>
No. 769150 ID: c441c1

Do a silly mating dance.
>>
No. 769155 ID: 595d54

Try not to worry about saying something wrong and forcing Okal to keep you quiet. Don't think about how the only way she could do that with her tiny body would be to sit on your muzzle and wrap her legs around your neck, or about how her clothing would be pushed aside during the struggle. Especially don't think about what would happen when you got flustered and your mumbling made her tighten her grip.
>>
No. 769214 ID: f0e552

trying to say something in their language sounds good, like Koror te a. Dancing does not.
>>
No. 769238 ID: e632e1

Koror, consider that the presence of a head covering may signify leadership in this tribe. So far, it appears that only the queen wears something on her head. It may be wise to remove your hat while in the presence of the queen as a show of respect.
>>
No. 769304 ID: a107fd

>>769238
Don't go too far with humility. You're basically a foreign ambassador, and huge besides. You deserve a certain amount of respect.
>>
No. 769315 ID: ce3dad

>>769238

I think taking your hat off at this point is maybe a good idea. It couldn't hurt.
>>
No. 770268 ID: 395c02
File 148348172177.png - (12.80KB , 800x600 , 73.png )
770268

>Then you'll probably pass out from the exhaustion of the day and have a good dream and then pop a huge boner. Win win
>Try to keep those awkward thoughts like how you could probably almost wrap your hand all the way around her waist and use her like a masturbatory aid, bouncing her on 'little Koror' enthusiastically until the two of you pass out, to a minimum. After all, you wouldn't want to have something that's probably as big as their forearm suddenly start growing so you'd have to hide it. You don't seem like you'd have much luck with that.
>Try not to worry about saying something wrong and forcing Okal to keep you quiet. Don't think about how the only way she could do that with her tiny body would be to sit on your muzzle and wrap her legs around your neck, or about how her clothing would be pushed aside during the struggle. Especially don't think about what would happen when you got flustered and your mumbling made her tighten her grip.
I don't even feel horny where do these thoughts keep coming from and why are they getting weirder and more detailed

... Definitely getting some weird looks from the other neumono, now.

I'm just.

Going to think about something else.
>>
No. 770269 ID: 395c02
File 148348174039.png - (16.88KB , 800x600 , 74.png )
770269

>Try a headpat and see how she reacts.
>Please don't, there's a million ways they could take this badly.
I'm still having mixed feelings about this.

>If nothing else, dropping your hat on Okal might be a good ice breaker.
I don't really want to give away my hat in case they think I mean it as a gift or something, but I'll think about it.

For now, I'll try introducing myself to the green neumono who seems to be the most adventurous, I guess? It looks like the others have backed off a bit.

"Koror te a." I'm not sure if he actually expects a handshake or anything, so I just point at myself and then awkwardly wave again.
>"... Sol te a." He mimics my gesture. "Taho karraku Korori kara he." I have no idea what that means, except for my own name. "Taho" was... possessive...?
"Uh... sorry, I don't, uh..." I try to think of a hand gesture but I just end up holding one hand up awkwardly. He tilts his head at me, then seemingly realizes something.
>"Kara na." Still lost on that one. He seems to decide that trying to talk to me isn't very worthwhile, because he doesn't say anything after that.
>>
No. 770270 ID: 395c02
File 148348175779.png - (23.37KB , 800x600 , 75.png )
770270

We all end up suddenly looking over to the other side of the settlement as the queen shouts Kasaka's name. Whatever they're arguing about, it's getting a little heated.

The green neumono — Sol, I guess — says something to Okal quietly enough that I can't really catch it, and she responds in the same way.

There's kind of an awkward silence after that, as the other neumono definitely seem to be more interested in the argument than me. I'm thinking I probably don't want to get involved...
>>
No. 770271 ID: 395c02
File 148348178601.png - (15.27KB , 800x600 , 76.png )
770271

>Also, maybe try saying "Mirrat te a?"
>Kasaka said it when she was putting down the spear, and it translates to "I am <something>." Might be a good chance to suss out whether it means something like "friendly"/"not a threat" or "strong"/"a hunter".

I guess it can't hurt, probably! I try to get Sol's attention again, and Okal looks back over at me as well.

"Uh... Mirrat te a!" I manage to say it with a bit of confidence, even!

... There's a long pause. Sol and Okal share what seems to be a look of significant confusion. Uh oh.

>"Mirrat... ke ahe... Ukuhu ke kara he." Sol gives me a look like he's trying not to laugh, and Okal looks at the ground again.
"Mirrat... te a...?" I can't think of anything to respond with, so I just end up saying it again, but with a lot less confidence.
>"Mirrat ke ana." Sol just tilts his head at me for a while, and then he and Okal go back to watching the arguing neumono. It feels like the whole hive isn't sure if they should do anything about it, honestly; they've just been creeping closer.

... I wonder what the heck I just said, anyway.
>>
No. 770279 ID: 595d54

>>770271
Hey, don't let their laughter stop you from becoming a daring space pirate. You know what daring space pirates do? Get involved in arguments just in case there's any booty to plunder. Go with the rest and see what's up.
>>
No. 770283 ID: 3e182c

>>770268
>I don't even feel horny where do these thoughts keep coming from and why are they getting weirder and more detailed
You hit your head on the way down and are now at least partially insane. Enjoy!
>>
No. 770284 ID: 398fe1

Okay time to start drawing things in the dirt again. Try to get one of them to explain what the word meant, via pictures.
>>
No. 770288 ID: 790549

Well, there are probably a dozen things Okal is that you are not. A female and roughly half the size of the person she was addressing come to my mind first.

I'd say for now to take advantage of the attention being pointed away from you. Look at that nearby body of water and lift your eye patch, so we can see how your eye is looking.
>>
No. 770289 ID: 91ee5f

>>770268
>I don't even feel horny where do these thoughts keep coming from and why are they getting weirder and more detailed
It's that bird's fault! You never started thinking these things before it stung you! Stupid bird!

>>770270
>Whatever they're arguing about, it's getting a little heated.
They're probably arguing about what they're gonna do with you, now that you know where their tribe is.

The Queen probably wants you dead in order to make sure you don't tell anyone of their location and Kasaka's arguing about how that's not an honorable thing to do to someone as helpless as you and trying to convince the Queen that they can use your size to help the tribe somehow.

>>770271
New rule: Unless you know what you're saying, NEVER try to say something in their language ever again.

>...I wonder what the heck I just said, anyway.
Judging from Sol's expression, you obviously said something embarrassing to yourself.
>>
No. 770291 ID: 3abd97

>Taho karraku Korori kara he
Taho is first person possessive, the -i on the end a noun marks a noun as the object, not sure what the -u on the end of the noun denotes, but that's the same root for hive, then we don't know kara, and he is a verb we've seen before but haven't identified.

So... "My hive Koror [something] [verb]". Maybe something like "my hive welcomes you, Koror"? A greeting would make sense in context.

>"Mirrat te a?"
>>"Mirrat ke ana."
Oh, is that the negative? If you said "I am [something]." I think he responded "You are not [something]."

Could confirming this by asking "Mirrat te ana?" and seeing if they agree.

If mirrat is funny, it must be something unsuited to you. Maybe it's female specific, like "huntress"?
>>
No. 770294 ID: c441c1

Quick you have to prove your worth to them in a show of Strength, Entertainment, Xenodochial, Youth, Fortitude, Intelligence, Rigor, Endurance, Mental agility, Appeal, and Nimbleness. Preform a striptease for the Queen and show off your SEXY-FIREMAN the trees will be your pole.
>>
No. 770296 ID: 595d54

>>770289
>New rule: Unless you know what you're saying, NEVER try to say something in their language ever again.
That's useless for trying to learn the language.

>>770294
They're next to some drying racks, we can use that as a pole. Also, why only the queen? Seduce the whole hive at once.
>>
No. 770302 ID: 595d54

>>770291
>Could confirming this by asking "Mirrat te ana?" and seeing if they agree.
Maybe point at Okal and ask "Mirrat se a?" and see if it's something she and Kasaka have in common.
>>
No. 770329 ID: 91ee5f

>>770296
>That's useless for trying to learn the language.
The only thing he's gonna learn is how to get his other eye removed for saying the wrong thing! He's lucky that didn't happen now!
>>
No. 770334 ID: 398fe1

>>770329
Oh please. Neumono have empathy that's good enough to tell when someone doesn't mean what they said.
>>
No. 770338 ID: 595d54

>>770329
Yes, primitive cultures are stupid, violent children who don't understand that someone might not know a language or understand exactly what they're trying to say, what a wonderful stereotype to perpetuate.
>>
No. 770345 ID: 91ee5f

>>770338
Accuse me of stereotyping all you want, that doesn't change the fact that it could happen.
>>
No. 770358 ID: cee89f

>>770338
You learn to tolerate other cultural ideas primarily by interacting with and learning of them. Isolated cultures have an isolationist reputation (gee I wonder why) and this culture in particular is stuck on an island, so they likely haven't interacted much with other cultures. Primitive neumono in particular are known for being fairly violent and extremely tribal due to their empathy abilities.

It's very easy to say or do something that seems perfectly normal to you but is an insult in another culture.

Honestly though I think they get that he's just testing out the words and has little to no idea what he's actually saying.
>>
No. 770361 ID: db0da2

>>770289
>Unless you know what you're saying, NEVER try to say something in their language ever again.
Fuck that, this is working out great! They definitely don't see us as a threat now! Besides, trail and error is the only way to learn their language. Just be careful not to misspeak when it's important.

>>770268
Don't worry, it's probably just a symptom of you becoming an isolation rouge.

>>770271
C'mon Koror, laugh along. You are kinda goofy. Try to take these things in stride. If the two of them don't decide to try talking to you, then just keep trying to talk to the green guy, maybe bust out the drawings again. Are you taller than the queen?
>>
No. 770435 ID: 8ff2ea

>I don't even feel horny where do these thoughts keep coming from
Maybe it's not you? Maybe it's them or maybe it's the poison or maybe it's the island OR maybe you're dead?!
>>770361
Or maybe its a side effect of being away from your hive too long and is a sign that you're going rouge.
Regardless fight it Koror fight it. Its funnier this way. Especially when you do finally go native.
>>
No. 770444 ID: cee89f

>>770268
Because you want to have kids.

Lots and lots of kids.

Preferably with very embarrassing 'this is how you were conceived' stories.

also it's possible that since neumono are a hive species and these are evidently of a different... strain (for lack of a better term) than yours [isle neumono versus giant redgrass neumono] there's an evolutionary imperative to introduce greater variety into the local population.

And everyone loves the harem ending ;)
>>
No. 770521 ID: 398fe1

Maybe we should stop giving him lewd thoughts, it's not making a good first impression and starting to really irritate him.
>>
No. 770539 ID: 2120ee

>>770271
>Mirrat
Could be their hive name or a title.
>>
No. 770660 ID: 8111b6

An exasperated sigh might be in order, followed by a line of griping in your language about your situation.

A grumpy pout and planting your cheek on your hand to prop it up might help encourage a 'harmless fop' impression. ...and hopefully not a 'useless twit' impression.

Ever talked about your troubles with a pet that can't reply?
>>
No. 770739 ID: db0da2

>>770521
This is a real dilemma. On the one hand, giving him those thoughts is a terrible idea and is probably going to bite us in the ass soon, but on the other hand it's funny. And what is /quest/ if not a mysterious force that drives men mad with promiscuity?

>>770660
I think that given our size it'll take more than a few faux pas and odd mannerisms for them to consider us useless, at the very least we'd make a decent hauler. I'm more worried about them considering us an evil dangerous wrongthinker.
>>
No. 770755 ID: 61c7b9

>>770271
I believe you just said, "I am a princess!"

Don't worry, they seem to have taken your fumbling of their language quite well. Try talking to one of the pygmies who aren't arguing and building a word base. "I am Koror", "Neumono", "Hat", "Rock" and "Water" should all be good words to start with.


Also, just because you're feeling embarrassed, think about how completely cute you think all of the pygmies look, and how impressed you are that they're so good at surviving here when they're so small.
>>
No. 771001 ID: 93fb12

Have you considered the possibility that these strange and uncharacteristic thoughts are coming from some form of outside influence injecting foreign thoughts into your mind in order to influence your actions?

I mean, why else would you feel the need to tell yourself where you're going when you already know that?
>>
No. 771164 ID: 395c02
File 148383711999.png - (10.46KB , 800x600 , 77.png )
771164

>Hey, don't let their laughter stop you from becoming a daring space pirate. You know what daring space pirates do?
Since when did I— what?

>You hit your head on the way down and are now at least partially insane. Enjoy!
>It's that bird's fault! You never started thinking these things before it stung you! Stupid bird!
>Don't worry, it's probably just a symptom of you becoming an isolation rouge.
I don't think neumono usually become separation rogues in a matter of hours.

Then again, maybe there's something actually wrong with me, now.

>Because you want to have kids. Lots and lots of kids. Preferably with very embarrassing 'this is how you were conceived' stories.
Still not thinking about this! Nope!

>Quick you have to prove your worth to them in a show of Strength, Entertainment, Xenodochial, Youth, Fortitude, Intelligence, Rigor, Endurance, Mental agility, Appeal, and Nimbleness. Preform a striptease for the Queen and show off your SEXY-FIREMAN the trees will be your pole.
>They're next to some drying racks, we can use that as a pole. Also, why only the queen? Seduce the whole hive at once.
...

What?

I just... Why would I ever do that?

Never mind. Putting that out of my head.
>>
No. 771165 ID: 395c02
File 148383714313.png - (17.80KB , 800x600 , 78.png )
771165

>Are you taller than the queen?
She's about halfway in between me and Kasaka, so yes.

I think Kasaka might actually be the second biggest one in the hive, though.

>I believe you just said, "I am a princess!"
That would make sense, except that I don't think isolated tribal neumono would have the idea of a "princess."

>The only thing he's gonna learn is how to get his other eye removed for saying the wrong thing! He's lucky that didn't happen now!
At this point, I really don't think these guys are going to stab me for saying something stupid. Especially since I apparently already said something stupid.

I'm a little surprised by how friendly they've been, honestly...?

>Maybe point at Okal and ask "Mirrat se a?" and see if it's something she and Kasaka have in common.
I guess I can give this a try.

"Mirrat... se a?" I point to Okal. Hopefully it's clear that I'm guessing at what the word means right now.

Sol responds by bursting into laughter, not even trying to say anything in response, and Okal covers her face with one hand, like she's embarrassed on my behalf.

So I guess that wasn't it.

Uh, what else—
>>
No. 771166 ID: 395c02
File 148383716368.png - (19.62KB , 800x600 , 79.png )
771166

I hear a shout, and then there's a weird chill in the whole hive's empathy, like a line just got crossed. Sol and Okal immediately turn to where the argument seems to have suddenly stopped.

... It looks like the queen got Kasaka to concede by hitting her in the face. That's probably not good...

>They're probably arguing about what they're gonna do with you, now that you know where their tribe is. The Queen probably wants you dead in order to make sure you don't tell anyone of their location and Kasaka's arguing about how that's not an honorable thing to do to someone as helpless as you and trying to convince the Queen that they can use your size to help the tribe somehow.
If this was what they were arguing about, I think my side might have just lost. Um.

... The queen is pointing right at me.
>>
No. 771170 ID: c441c1

wave non-threateningly at the Queen
>>
No. 771171 ID: 91cfcf

Possibly you should grab the queen and kiss her to break the tension, then get to introducing Little Koror to all the eligible women.

Probably not, though. Go up to them and help Kasaka up if needed. See how they react to that.

Is anyone looking at or moving towards you, or does it look like the queen is just making some point about you?
>>
No. 771172 ID: 3abd97

>It looks like the queen got Kasaka to concede by hitting her in the face. That's probably not good
>I think my side might have just lost. Um.
Stand up, walk over to Kasaka, and very deliberately and slowly, help Kasaka up. If possible, emphasize your difference in size and strength by picking her up and putting her down on her feet, instead of just offering her a hand.

You don't have the vocabulary to verbally argue with the queen, but you can do so non-verbally. This is effectively rebuking her and backing Kasaka's side in the argument. more so if she was saying you were useful in any way.
>>
No. 771173 ID: 61c7b9

>>771166
Okay so, we all know the stories about how you'll probably have to kill someone or fight off a secret ancient conspiracy of scientists or something at this point, but don't worry.

That's not very likely. Instead, just try to help your friend.
>>
No. 771178 ID: a107fd

>>771172
Lift one-handed if possible. More impressive that way, and easier to deal with interruptions such as suddenly being attacked.

Look the queen straight in the eye and ask "What exactly is the problem?" with the simplest grammar your own language can have.
>>
No. 771247 ID: db0da2

Prostrate yourself before the queen, and explain in your language your genuine desire to help their hive in any way that you can. They won't be able to understand your words, but body language and empathy should be enough to get the idea across, just focus really really hard on the idea of being friendly and useful.

>>771172
>>771171
>>771178
I don't like this, especially >>771178, it feels too much like picking a fight with the queen. The biggest thing we need to avoid is being seen as a threat by the queen.
>>
No. 771253 ID: 2120ee

>>771166
I can think of one gesture that should be pretty universal among tribal hives, but it's a bit extreme for a softy hive. Offer the queen one of your ears. That should make it clear that your intentions are non-hostile and that you're throwing yourself on her mercy.

Which you are, cause she's got you at a complete disadvantage here, if that's something she wants to push.
>>
No. 771266 ID: 3e182c

Perhaps now would be a good time to flee.
>>
No. 771277 ID: cee89f

Offer Kasaki a hand up. It communicates your intent to her fairly clearly without an evident assertion of dominance, which you definitely want to avoid in a situation as tense as this one. You can't communicate with words at the moment anyway.

>Various other plans

It would probably be best to determine whether the Queen will respond better to strength or civility before we attempt something she could take as defiance or weakness.

If we go with the ear-tearing plan mentioned above it would probably be best to also do the lift up Kasaki plan at the same time: "I won't be fucked with, but I'm not here to fuck with you either" sorta deal.
>>
No. 771295 ID: db0da2

>>771253
>>771277
I don't think Koror is capable of just ripping his ear off on a whim. He probably doesn't even know where the tearing point is.

>>771266
They'd find and kill us within a few hours at the most, if we even made it out of the village.
>>
No. 771296 ID: 8111b6

Head over, and assist.
Give the queen SUCH a frown, but don't do anything physical yet, beyond wagging a chiding finger.
Maybe dust off Kasaka, and try not to think of the places you're touching.

I guess if push comes to shove, you could mush the two of them together in a 'hug and make up with your tribemate' manner. Like two stuffed animals that're misbehaving!
>>
No. 771300 ID: dce082

Take off your hat, stop thinking lewd thoughts about pygmies and how your body will probably be repeatedly penetrated by their spears many times in quick succession into the same spot in a manor that vaguely reminds you of sex if you do something to piss them off, instead of thinking about what I just mentioned go over(crawling ideally) to the girl who was punched and make sure she's okay don't pick her up just make sure she's okay and maybe put your hand on hers or something(in a nonrestrictive way)and look at the queens direction(but not directly at her in case that's a sign of disrespect) and send over the feeling of concern and say something in a soft and somewhat submissive voice asking whats going on. Doing that should show that you are not trying to be a threat, have sympathy towards the people of the tribe and will hopefully make it seem like you aren't trying to pick sides.
>>
No. 771330 ID: 398fe1

Possible plan for changing the queen's mind about you (if we're understanding the situation properly and she doesn't want you around):

Draw the island you're on like it was drawn for you, and then draw you AND the pygmy tribe traveling back to your island, then draw everyone eating a whole lot of meat. Considering how they immediately ate that snake once it was killed, food seems to be a problem for the hive. You could essentially pay them in food security in exchange for helping you get back to your hive.
>>
No. 771341 ID: dce082

>>771330
If on the off chance they still DO turn out to be stereotypical cannibal pygmies then they could interpret it in a very bad way that will probably be a bit hard to explain once you get back to your hive followed by a bunch of people half your size who then proceed to try to eat everyone... it'll be hard enough trying to explain everyone in your harem being half the size of you and how the ship got shot down and you totally didn't crash it in order to live out your sick twisted fantasies about pygmies... does anyone else in your hive know about that?
>>
No. 771652 ID: 395c02
File 148409893350.png - (12.12KB , 800x600 , 80.png )
771652

>stop thinking lewd thoughts about pygmies and how your body will probably be repeatedly penetrated by their spears many times in quick succession into the same spot in a manor that vaguely reminds you of sex if you do something to piss them off
That is the worst mental image. Why.

>Draw the island you're on like it was drawn for you, and then draw you AND the pygmy tribe traveling back to your island, then draw everyone eating a whole lot of meat.
This actually doesn't sound like a bad idea, but it doesn't feel like anyone here is in a mood to look at me drawing in the dirt.

>Is anyone looking at or moving towards you, or does it look like the queen is just making some point about you?
The rest of the hive seems either like they don't know what to do, or else they're afraid of doing anything. A bunch of them turned to look at me when the queen pointed, but no one's coming after me or anything.

>I don't think Koror is capable of just ripping his ear off on a whim. He probably doesn't even know where the tearing point is.
I... kind of do, but... I don't really want to do that? ... Crap, I'm probably going to end up having to do that, aren't I.

Uh.

>Stand up, walk over to Kasaka, and very deliberately and slowly, help Kasaka up.
Yeah, for now I'll just go over and help Kasaka.
>>
No. 771653 ID: 395c02
File 148409896315.png - (18.89KB , 800x600 , 81.png )
771653

It looks like Murel was aiming to do the same thing, but she stops in her tracks when she sees me coming over. She's visibly a little agitated; I try to kind of wave at her or something but she won't get any closer.

I decide it's better to, uh, not try to pick up Kasaka, especially after she shoots me a glare. She still takes my offered hand, though, even if she immediately lets go of it and starts staring at the ground as soon as she's back on her feet.

I put myself between Kasaka and the queen. I think the queen was about to say something when I started walking over; she gives me a look that seems like a mixture of confusion and annoyance.

>"Ukui ahe," the queen says. I feel like I've heard that before. She speaks very slowly and deliberately; I guess Kasaka was able to get across that I can't speak their language.

... She's a very intense person. It throws me off a little, and I don't think I have the nerve to try to say anything back to her!

>"Ukui ahe. Ke kara la he." She's definitely waiting for me to do something...
"Um..."
>"Mirrat ke ahe." ... but she doesn't give me much of a chance to think about it before walking past me to approach Kasaka.

And there's that "mirrat" again...
>>
No. 771654 ID: 395c02
File 148409899110.png - (20.81KB , 800x600 , 82.png )
771654

>"Karras!" The queen raises her voice noticeably. I think she's addressing the entire hive; pretty much everyone is looking at her except for Kasaka now.

>"Attui, ikia nukkomi a. Omoli a." She's speaking very deliberately as she points at me. It's a little uncomfortable. "Iki kalor so Kasakahi sirra. Ros mille nukkomi a, o milar se a."

>"O iki tirrurrak se ra la." She gestures at the jungle, more or less opposte of where I entered the settlement from.

>"Kasakahi akarra na," she continues, pointing at Kasaka this time. "Nukkomu se eka la. Karras nukkomi ana. To se polla, o karrasu se polla. To Kasakahi norika na, o karrasu se norika na."

I have no idea what any of it means, but Kasaka seems to be slipping from defiance to shame as she hears the words.

>"Lapa!" This word in particular is delivered with a lot of force. "Karras Kasakahi a, o karras se ala. Tui-tui. Karrasoho se a. Iki tirrurrak ma nukkom Kasakahi ra la," and she points off to the forest again, "o olili karrasu se norika la."

>"O ma Kasaka Mureli ra la." She gestures to Murel, now, who doesn't really react and just has the same worried expression. "Tirrurrakoho karraku Murel kara."

>"O ma Kasaka Okali, o, ra la." Okal seems to have been caught off guard by hearing her name, and starts walking over toward me. ... Then turns around and heads back toward where we entered the settlement.

>"Karras. Tama." She claps her hands together, and the rest of the hive slowly goes back to whatever they were doing before I got here. She then heads forward and starts talking quietly to Kasaka, while Murel stands awkwardly beside them.

... Well, it doesn't seem like anyone's about to attack me, at least.
>>
No. 771667 ID: e22b1d

I get the feeling some drama has been happening with there tribe that has nothing to do with you. But by bringing you back here unannounced they broke some rules.

From how worried they seemed while eating and leading you through the jungle I bet they have something else dangerous they are dealing with. And a harmless stranger out of nowhere just made the situation more complex.

Take Kasaka's lead and go wherever she goes. Keep your ears open and if you get the chance sit down and work on figuring out some of there nouns. If you know what they call stuff it will help you get a idea of how there language works.
>>
No. 771668 ID: 595d54

>>771654
The gist of it is that Kasaka fucked up, didn't think what she was doing through, and didn't have her priorities in order when it came to the hive. My guess is that those three were meant to be getting something that wasn't Koror, maybe food, maybe the source of the explosion if they heard that. This sort of argument looks like it's been going on for a while, so Koror probably isn't the actual problem.

Go up to the queen, lie on your back or something if someone feels threatened, and wait for her to finish with Kasaka. Then say "Koror te a. Ke a?"
>>
No. 771674 ID: 61c7b9

>>771654
Aye, follow your friend around and try to be helpful and harmless at the same time. And don't think of pymgy sex.
>>
No. 771678 ID: ce3dad

I... hope you didn't just get them exiled or something...
>>
No. 771679 ID: c441c1

>>771668
This sounds like a very good thing to do right now; also maybe it is time that you lose an ear before your new friends take the fall for you submitting to the Queen is not a bad choice and it is a good way to show that you are willing to help their hive.
>>
No. 771715 ID: dce082

>That is the worst mental image. Why.

Because that's the closest thing you would get to pygmy sex if you keep having perverted thoughts around tribal Neumonos when you JUST MET the poor little things

Other than that just follow them i guess be prepared for an ambush. look at foliage in an intimidating manor Your size and making your would be attackers think that you know they are there that may be enough to ward off some more cowardly attackers when they see a big red nearly unkillable death machine twice the size of all the little nearly unkillable death machines AND with some kind of unknown material covering him and a fancy hat. Hell they may even think you are the god of Neumonos or something if they are other tribals... Or they might just think you are some crazy tourist who has a incredible hate for plants
>>
No. 771732 ID: bfdaf0

>>771715
I'm starting to feel this running gag is getting old.
>>
No. 771806 ID: 9e72a7

>>771732
Its not so much getting old as it is people trying to shoehorn it into every situation instead of waiting for a more appropriate time and trying to make innuendo out off nonsense.
>>
No. 772002 ID: 3abd97

Well, that's entirely too much language for you to respond to at once. It'll take more than that to crack it, and we don't know enough to respond intelligently.

Your rescuer got a talking down to and public shaming, at the very least.

>what do
Besides sticking with Kasaka? Well, the hive went back to their tasks. Are any of them doing things you could help with? Obviously, you probably lack the specialist knowledge to pick up on any old craft they might be doing, but there are certainly simple things where being bigger or stronger would help.

Is anybody working with something that needs to be held up? Anybody moving stuff around you could help with?

In lieu of anything better to do, try and make yourself useful. It'll better dispose them towards you, and maybe make you feel better if you're being productive.
>>
No. 772199 ID: 395c02
File 148436065264.png - (20.41KB , 800x600 , 83.png )
772199

>I get the feeling some drama has been happening with there tribe that has nothing to do with you. But by bringing you back here unannounced they broke some rules.
I... maybe? I don't have a lot to go on, but it definitely seems like there's something going on between the queen and Kasaka in particular.

>I... hope you didn't just get them exiled or something...
I don't think that's what happened...? I hope?

>Well, the hive went back to their tasks. Are any of them doing things you could help with?
A lot of them were apparently doing things inside the huts, and I'm not sure I can wedge myself inside any of those.

... I also notice that all of the neumono save the queen and the three who brought me here seem reluctant to make eye contact with me, now, even the green one who was laughing at me just a moment ago. They've gone back to that same, vague-worry empathy, too. I'm not sure if I should be concerned...

After a moment, the queen seems like she's done talking to Kasaka, who in turn seems resigned to, uh, whatever it is that's actually happening right now. Kasaka goes over to stand by Murel, hanging her head a little. I take the opportunity to try addressing the queen.

>"Nukkom. Ukui ahe," she says, before I can even start talking, and when she looks at me it's that same intimidating feeling again. My hive's queen isn't like this...
"K... Koror te a. Ke a?" At least I'm able to get myself to say something, this time!
>"Koror." She pauses for a moment. "Kalukkir te a." I'm pretty confident that that's her name, at least.

She stares at me for a while longer, but... I can't come up with anything else to string together yet. Eventually she shrugs and takes a few steps back to where she was standing when she gave her, uh, speech, thing.

Not long after that, Okal walks back over. The queen gives Kasaka a look, but only gets a muted grunt in response. Sighing, she turns to face me again.

>"Nukkom. ... Koror. Ma Kasaka ke ra la." She points at Kasaka, and then off into the jungle somewhere. "Iki tirrurrak. So ke moraka la. Ko se marra la." She makes a couple of hand gestures I don't really understand at all.

For once, the queen doesn't give me a blank look expecting a response, and instead turns to go back into what I assume is her hut.

... It's getting kind of frustrating to not understand what anyone's saying. All I got out of that is I'm expected to go... somewhere. But I guess I don't have much choice, at this point.
>>
No. 772200 ID: 395c02
File 148436071492.png - (20.67KB , 800x600 , 84.png )
772200

The second trip through the jungle is longer. I couldn't really tell what path we were following when we went to the settlement before, but going this way, I get the distinct impression we're not following a path at all.

The silence is deafening. Worse, Murel and Okal are as timid as ever, and just being around Kasaka when she's in this mood is kind of... unpleasant.

At least we don't run into anything, this time.
>>
No. 772201 ID: 395c02
File 148436077587.png - (17.04KB , 800x600 , 85.png )
772201

After what feels like about half an hour, we again come to a break in the foliage and a clearing, this one with a very large mound occupying most of the space. It seems... kind of weird that there are no trees here, since everything is still covered in grass...

... what? There's ... is that a metal pole?

It looks like... in front of the center of the side of the mound nearest to us, just past where the mound stops, there's a metal pole sticking out of the ground, about as tall as Murel. With a small box on top of it, and what looks an awful lot like a button on the front of the box.

What is this place?
>>
No. 772202 ID: 2120ee

>>772201
Could be en elevator for bulk cargo or something?
>>
No. 772203 ID: 595d54

Well, this probably isn't the site of some fertility ritual, as pleasant as it would be. Go closer slowly enough to gauge the other's reaction. See how they seem to feel about the button.
>>
No. 772207 ID: 3877e7

You'll need to get closer to be sure, but I think that mound might actually be a well-camouflaged tarp.
>>
No. 772208 ID: 3abd97

>What is this place?
It's a sign of modern technology. Probably a secret base. Probably where the missiles were shot from.

There's a goddamn secret salikai base on this island and you've been sent here on punishment detail as their monthly offering.

Give empathy for alarm, fear, recognition.

"Ukui ahe?" (Seems to mean "what's this?").
>>
No. 772210 ID: 3e182c

Welp. Press that button.
Try to dodge any butt tenticals that come shooting out.
>>
No. 772214 ID: 8cb228

Broadcast with both empathy and exaggerated body language: recognition, alarm, fear.

Also, as a general rule, can you be pointing to obvious noun objects and saying them, and get them to do likewise? You know, stuff like 'rock', 'dirt', 'tree', 'stick', 'fruit', 'fire', 'spear', 'water', etc.? Learning those terms should be easiest!

You should be able to get things across like, "Koror walk spear. Koror run fire." and they should be able to do the same. Don't worry about the little words.

You should also be able to get the emotions, inasmuch as you can physically emote them with body language and empathy. "Happy", "Fear", "Pain", etc. Also, why haven't you been doing this already?
>>
No. 772237 ID: db0da2

>>772208
I wouldn't jump to Salikai just yet, but I suspect something similarly sinister. Otherwise, seconding this.

Until we can wring the hive for information we can't trust that this isn't the base that shot at us. Right now we need to try to get the hive to harbor us in secret, though if this group is careful and well funded they probably already know we're here, and if they have Neumono of their own they'll know when they next visit the hive, but that might not be so often. Still, I think pushing the button is too much of a risk at this juncture.
>>
No. 772240 ID: 97cee0

My guess is that you're about to be sacrificed to a terrible and bloodthirsty forest deity.

By which I mean, there's someone else living here who probably mostly ignores the pygmies but who has intimidated them in the past, and who doesn't like foreigners. Kasaka probably thought they could hide you, and her Queen doesn't agree, and was angry that this mysterious person's anger might be attracted. They brought you here to where they have a way to call whoever-it-is' attention, or where they've seen them or their assistants go in and out, and tell them you're here/hand you over. The tribe is ashamed that they have to do this, which is why they've gone quiet.

It's possible that they really do demand "sacrifices" from the pygmies now and then, and you've been selected to take someone else's place, but that seems kinda fanciful.

Possible advantage: the person living here may not expect technologically advanced visitors, who can tell (for example) a concealed entrance to a concealed base when they see one. That mound is probably a lid on an entrance like that, designed to camouflage it from the air/satellite detection. Go poke around. The button is probably to call an elevator or an intercom or something.
>>
No. 772252 ID: 398fe1

Just go push the button. I'm guessing they're under the boot of some technologically superior race like a Salikai, and this button will reveal you to them. If you refuse you will probably have to live on your own, and you'll die. Better to throw yourself on the mercy of whoever's in charge here.
>>
No. 772260 ID: 8e2896

Looks like we're being sacrificed to a higher power. In this case its probably the secret base of the assholes that shot you down.

Whelp go press the intercom button and introduce yourself to your new owners.
>>
No. 772262 ID: 227a05

See if you can pull up the tarp or whatever it is first, before you go messing around with the button.
>>
No. 772299 ID: ee76dc

Knock on the mound first. See if anything doesn't sound like it should.
>>
No. 772305 ID: a0f88f

Try giving off some quizzical confusion empathy. Maybe they'll at least try to give you an idea of what the deal is here.
>>
No. 772328 ID: 15a025

Push the button
>>
No. 772340 ID: dce082

Welp, something gives me the feeling this will be the last time you see those pygmies, give them all a hug before you get sacrificed to those dudes who shot the missiles at you, and then bravely push the button
>>
No. 772345 ID: 61c7b9

>>772201
Oh, hey, it's a secret underground facility!

...Gonna be honest, I'm willing to bet there's a secret facility on this island that moved here without asking the Neumono, and that's why their queen is pissed at you. It probably shot you down to stop you from interfering. Fat lot of good THAT did. Well, guess you might as well examine the TOTALLY SECRET thing. Check all over it, then hit the button using a stick. From behind the button.
>>
No. 772421 ID: ce3dad

It, unfortunately, looks like only one option again. You have to push the button.
>>
No. 772627 ID: da1652

>>772201
The queen recognized you for what you are. You aren't the first person from a higher-tech civilization to come here.

Push button.
>>
No. 772716 ID: ce3dad

>>772340
sorry for a second post but this is a good point! Kasaka has done a lot for her and who knows what's coming next. I would strongly suggest getting a hug in; you might not get a chance to otherwise thank her.
>>
No. 772753 ID: 395c02
File 148461465802.png - (16.04KB , 800x600 , 86.png )
772753

>My guess is that you're about to be sacrificed to a terrible and bloodthirsty forest deity.
What??

>Also, as a general rule, can you be pointing to obvious noun objects and saying them, and get them to do likewise? ... Also, why haven't you been doing this already?
It's not like I'm some kind of expert in dealing with people speaking another language! I don't think I've ever met anyone who didn't speak something I could understand before today, actually.

Also, I've been a little distracted, obviously.

>Kasaka probably thought they could hide you, and her Queen doesn't agree, and was angry that this mysterious person's anger might be attracted.
It's possible. It'd explain why Kasaka is acting the way she is, anyway.

>The queen recognized you for what you are. You aren't the first person from a higher-tech civilization to come here.
Kind of getting that vibe.

>Oh, hey, it's a secret underground facility!
I would say that's ridiculous, but it does kind of explain what I'm looking at, here.

>Looks like we're being sacrificed to a higher power. In this case its probably the secret base of the assholes that shot you down.
>It's a sign of modern technology. Probably a secret base. Probably where the missiles were shot from. There's a goddamn secret salikai base on this island and you've been sent here on punishment detail as their monthly offering.
...

That is... making way more sense than I want it to.

I mean, I, uh, mostly know about salikai from old TV shows, which are probably less than accurate, but ... secret underground base fits what I got out of those, anyway.

But I know for sure salikai don't like neumono, so I don't think I want to go to a "secret salikai base" very much.

Uhhhhh.

I don't like this.

>Give empathy for alarm, fear, recognition.
>Broadcast with both empathy and exaggerated body language: recognition, alarm, fear.
Yeah I'm starting to panic just a little, so this pretty much happens anyway.

"Why did you take me here? Ukui ahe??"

There's a pause, which I'm thinking might be because Kasaka isn't answering and the others are expecting her to talk for the group like she was doing before. She's completely ignoring my alarm, as well. I guess she's going to be brooding for a while.

>"A... ikia tirrurraki rukka. Ko se marra la. ... Sekka... ke ala." Finally, Murel says something. I feel like I've heard some of those phrases before, but I don't know what they mean.

At the very least, thogh, she and Okal now seem to be worried that I'm panicking, instead of worried about something I can't figure out.

Which I guess makes me feel a little better.
>>
No. 772754 ID: 395c02
File 148461468505.png - (10.70KB , 800x600 , 87.png )
772754

>You'll need to get closer to be sure, but I think that mound might actually be a well-camouflaged tarp.
>See if you can pull up the tarp or whatever it is first
>Knock on the mound first. See if anything doesn't sound like it should.
I take a few steps closer and inspect it.

... It's definitely dirt, at least. But... yeah, it seems like there's something under it.

>Welp. Press that button.
>Just go push the button.
>Push the button
>You have to push the button.
>Push button.
My curiosity gets the better of my fear and I turn to go push the button.

... only to see Murel pushing it, instead, while the other two pygmies keep their distance. Uh?

It's definitely an intercom. A voice responds from the other side, but I can't understand what's being said at all. It doesn't sound much of anything like the pygmies' language, either; it's a lot harder to pick out the sounds.

>"Sh... Shana," Murel responds. The voice on the other end says something again; it's like I'm listening to half of a phone conversation. "Ichibita. ... Hapanda tsan... tsanka. Entsa... kinircha. ... Tibisdika."

Apparently Murel can speak whatever language this is, too. Huh.
>>
No. 772755 ID: 395c02
File 148461471549.png - (16.06KB , 800x600 , 88.png )
772755

Murel takes a step back from the intercom, and a moment later I realize I was checking the wrong part of the mound as a door opens up, revealing a metal interior. I immediately sense Okal getting a little more on edge, but not Murel. ... Huh.

>"Ke... ke ra la," Murel says, gesturing at the open doorway. I think she's trying to smile at me, through her worry?

... I get the distinct feeling that if I walk in there I probably won't be coming back out for a while.
>>
No. 772757 ID: d79f26

grab her hand and see if she will go with you. if she tries to get away, let her but be sad about it.
>>
No. 772758 ID: 595d54

>>772755
Well, it looks like "ke ra la" means "you go there". As nice as it would be, doubt you have time to ask them for more information or index more of their vocabulary, so just hug them goodbye. You'll never forget your first loves and all they did for you, even if the four of you never got a chance to consummate your relationship.

Say goodbye, hope they do well, etc. Empathy should get across. Then go in. It looks just barely tall enough for you, careful for your hat.
>>
No. 772762 ID: 3abd97

Well. It's not like you have many better options.

Looks like being a computer nerd might suddenly be a useful island survival skill? At least you might be able to interface with the stuff here.
>>
No. 772766 ID: 211d83

Look worried and then gesture to the door. Then gesture to yourself and make a throat slitting motion. Then give her sad eyes and see how she responds.
>>
No. 772774 ID: dce082

Give them all hugs(while on your knees to be less intimidating) and smile warmly at them. Thank them for all they've done, they won't understand the words but thanks to your empathy they might understand what you mean.
>>
No. 772777 ID: db0da2

We don't really have much of a choice here, do we? Enter.

At least they probably don't have a predator, as these Neumono seem to be reacting pretty naturally. What year is it? Did the voice have a recognizable species accent?
>>
No. 772822 ID: ce3dad

>>772774
Agreed, as I did before. Hell, it could be your last bit of comfort for all we know.

Next, the only choice is to enter. Hopefully soon there will be more we can rely on than blind faith and poor survival skills.
>>
No. 772839 ID: da1652

>>772755
Face it. you're no king of the jungle. The tribe's queen doesn't want you wandering around. Going in there may be your only chance of living.
>>
No. 773003 ID: 8cb228

See if they will go in with you, but it looks like you have to go in though!
>>
No. 773004 ID: 91ee5f

Let them know how scared you are through empathy.

Maybe somehow let them know that you're afraid of dying if you go in there.

Try crying, that'll let them know!
>>
No. 773056 ID: dce082

>>773004
No need to cry, a nervous smile while saying(hugging) your goodbyes and just approach the thing nervously also pay extra attention to their empathy when you enter, if you detect guilt be on high alert.
>>
No. 773360 ID: 8111b6

Maybe your luck will turn around soon.

Make sure to hug before you go. They're practically the closest thing to friends you've had since the explosion. ... Try not to let those thoughts make it awkward. ...like popping a boner at the worst possible time. (or possibly the best, depending on one's point of view)
>>
No. 773843 ID: 395c02
File 148504397095.png - (25.19KB , 800x600 , 89.png )
773843

>Well, it looks like "ke ra la" means "you go there".
Seems to be something like that.

>Give them all hugs(while on your knees to be less intimidating) and smile warmly at them.
Okal still seems to be too concerned either about getting close to me or the overall situation to go for this, and backs away as soon as I take a step forward.

... I think Kasaka might bite me if I try to hug her right now.

I end up just hugging Murel, since she's actually willing to let me do so. She seems nervous, but also... hopeful? I can't quite explain the feeling, but it's unexpected.

I guess I feel a little better, though.

>"Ke ra la!" She gestures at the door again, more confident this time.

>Well. It's not like you have many better options.
>Next, the only choice is to enter. Hopefully soon there will be more we can rely on than blind faith and poor survival skills.
>Going in there may be your only chance of living.
... I guess this is it, huh. I'm still worried, but...
>>
No. 773844 ID: 395c02
File 148504400934.png - (13.04KB , 800x600 , 90.png )
773844

I step through, and—

Gah!

I was kind of expecting the door to close behind me, but I wasn't expecting it to immediately slam shut.

>Pay extra attention to their empathy when you enter, if you detect guilt be on high alert.
The pygmies' empathy starts to fade after only a few moments. I don't pick up anything like that, though.

... it's a little disconcerting to be alone again.

>What year is it?
158 AW.

>Did the voice have a recognizable species accent?
I'm not, uh, up on species accents or anything, and since I didn't recognize whatever language it was using I can't really say anything about accent anyway. Like, there was nothing about it that specifically said "not a neumono", for example.

>At least they probably don't have a predator, as these Neumono seem to be reacting pretty naturally.
I'm gonna try not to even think about predators right now, thanks.
>>
No. 773845 ID: 395c02
File 148504403592.png - (34.73KB , 800x600 , 91.png )
773845

I take a better look at my surroundings.

Oddly, I don't see any way to get the door back open from this side, unless I'm missing something.

There's a pretty weak light of some kind above the door; everything else in here is quite dark. It looks like there's a passage going down, which I guess is the only way to go.

... Huh, this goes down for a while.
>>
No. 773846 ID: 395c02
File 148504405854.png - (13.84KB , 800x600 , 92.png )
773846

... The light is way behind me now, so I can barely see anything. If this passage weren't apparently a straight shot it would probably be pitch black down here.

I'm starting to get a little uncomfortable walking around in the dark like this...

... hang on.

I find myself walking into a much larger area. I can't say exactly how large, because I can't see the walls or ceiling in this darkness at all.

Is there anyth—
>>
No. 773847 ID: 395c02
File 148504409188.png - (15.74KB , 800x600 , 93.png )
773847

"Hello, neumono."

What—

what



oh, that's



oh fuck





I am so dead
>>
No. 773852 ID: 91cfcf

>>773847
Looks too big to be a salikai, unless there's some perspective fuckery going on.

On the one hand, the pygmy language's gone. But at least this guy speaks yours.

Swallow your fear. "Hi. I think you can guess what questions I have."
>>
No. 773853 ID: d79f26

they wasted time talking instead of shooting you, so they must not want you dead. at least, not right now.
>>
No. 773854 ID: 398fe1

>>773847
Say hello, but be ready to turn and run at a moment's notice.

If that's a Salikai it's way bigger than it should be! Would it even fit in the tunnel you came in through? If not maybe you should duck in there for safety.
>>
No. 773855 ID: 61c7b9

>>773847
Uhhhhhhh does this planet have Dragons? Amtsvanes? Giant, magical, cyborg, bioroid Salikai? That thing looks very scary. Just try to say hello, and ask it if it knows why your ship was shot down. Try to keep it off guard by explaining that you were taking that ship home to replace your Hive's very inadequate boats and that its loss has hurt your people greatly.
>>
No. 773856 ID: db0da2

"Aw, son of a bitch."

You have nothing to fear here, either he's going to kill you and there's nothing you can do about it, making fear redundant, or he isn't and there's nothing to be afraid of. Assume it's the latter for your peace of mind.

Ask if he shot your ship down. Ask what he's doing here. Ask what the deal is with his relationship with the hive up above.

(note that I'm using male pronouns, but that's not a safe assumption to make)
>>
No. 773858 ID: 91ee5f

>>773846
>>773847
Where's Koror's hat?!

>"Hello, neumono."
"Finally! Someone that speaks my lang---ohhhh, I think I just peed myself."

And then faint.
>>
No. 773862 ID: db0da2

>>773858
It's there, just dark

>>773846
>... or come to think of it you could just draw tiny koror standing on a little patch of floor and leave everything else black
You most certainly could.
>>
No. 773863 ID: 395c02

>>773862
Yeah, I messed up and pasted part of my notes to Slinko in the update.
>>
No. 773866 ID: dce082

Well based on size and the fact that it speaks your language despite probably never meeting someone who did and the way he knew what language you speak leads me to believe this may be some kind of deity. regardless just start asking the obvious questions like "who are you?" "how did you know my language" "what do neumono taste like?" and the big one "are you the douchebag who shot missiles at my ship?"
>>
No. 773867 ID: b412df

Dark lighting, glowing eyes. I'm half expecting that is just some giant sculpture with speakers designed to scare the crap out of visitors.

Seriously, what creature has glowing eyes?

On the off chance it's actually some weird scary creature, just say hello back. And try not to faint.
>>
No. 773870 ID: cee89f

>>773847
"Would it be too much to hope you're completely harmless? ... or at the very least that I'm not about to get eaten?"
>>
No. 773871 ID: 91ee5f

>>773862
>It's there, just dark
Oh, now I see it. Although, it's weird how his hat turned black, but the rest of him is still colored.
>>
No. 773875 ID: ce3dad

Hmmm... Giant glowing-eyed creature with an imposing voice?

Might be time to start groveling.
>>
No. 773910 ID: 3e182c

"Sup?"
>>
No. 773939 ID: a107fd

"Hi! My name's Koror, actually. I'd be perfectly willing to go back to my hive, and then forget I was ever here and/or warn everybody about the unmarked yet zealously enforced no-fly zone, whichever is more to your preference. Y'know, in case options along those lines are still somehow on the table. Some sort of reimbursement for that aircraft you destroyed would be a really nice bonus."
>>
No. 773943 ID: 5813c7

Piss yourself to show submission.
Ask if they are the ones that fired the missile and if they are aware of your sissy hives existence?
>>
No. 773947 ID: 791a6c

>>773847
...And now I think a predator would have been a lesser evil than that.
>>
No. 773950 ID: fd5137

>>773847
screw the spookiness, you talk the same language!
instantly babble about how glad you are to be able to talk to someone, if it's non-hostile it'll defuse some tension and if it's hostile it'll possibly confuse it.
>>
No. 773953 ID: a8bc5c

Prostrate yourself before your new god.

Or remove your hat and break out the show tunes.

It's time to PANIC.
>>
No. 773964 ID: 3abd97

>"Hello, neumono."
Your first reaction before anything else should be

"Oh thank goodness something here speaks the same language!"

>"Hello, neumono."
"Um. It's Koror, actually. Who are you? Did you shoot me down?"
>>
No. 774005 ID: 4cfe41

Don't spend too long thinking about how thrilling it would be to make sweet, sweet love to such a majestic figure.
>>
No. 774009 ID: 8cb228

>>774005

Hey, actually... Boldness and confidence, with a bit of flirting, even if it stems from a sort of perversion and brain-weirdness, might be more useful to you than pants-wetting terror?
>>
No. 774011 ID: db0da2

>>774005
>>774009
Jesus Koror, you really are a world class pervert aren't you?
>>
No. 774039 ID: dce082

>>774011
Well he's been on this island for like a day! its just natural that he'd want to bang anything that moves at this point I'm sure.

In any case do not go farther than light flirting in case it pisses it off and don't think about fucking this thing in case it can read minds and isn't up for that.
>>
No. 774054 ID: bcc299

Raise your arms to the sky. Maybe instant submission will let you have a reasonably comfortable life as a pet or less-expendable test subject?
>>
No. 774259 ID: 8111b6

...Maybe it's just two green lights and a speaker?
>>
No. 774290 ID: db0da2

>>774039
Pretty sure your average neumono can go more than a day without trying to bone everything that moves.

We should be fine on the mind reading front, it would be weird if they had a predator and hadn't pacified the hive up above, and if there were another neumono reading us we'd be able to feel it.
>>
No. 774320 ID: dce082

>>774259
That could be even worse!
>>774054
Uhhh both of those options seem like they would be terrible for a neumono.
>>774290
Well yes but your average neumono is tough as nails and probably would have torn his eye out and ripped off his ear as a sign of submission, he is a softy from a softy tribe with a bunch of crazy thoughts given to him by people who may have gone much more than a day without sex, also we have yet to see it move so we are now at the point of wanting to bone everything that speaks. Koror is not your average neumono.

Is a predator a species in the asteroidverse or are we just talking normal definition?
>>
No. 774335 ID: 595d54

>>774320
It's a species. Big quadrupedal mammal, red with yellow stripes, can hijack neumono empathy and basically mindcontrol them. The controlled neumono gradually burns out and essentially becomes the Vodun version of a zombie.
>>
No. 775781 ID: 395c02
File 148581878305.png - (13.90KB , 800x600 , 94.png )
775781

uhhhh

uhhhhhhh

>Remove your hat and break out the show tunes.
W... what??

>Don't spend too long thinking about how thrilling it would be to make sweet, sweet love to such a majestic figure.
No.

>You have nothing to fear here
Uhhhhhh

>It's time to PANIC.
Doing that already!

>all of these questions
I'm... moving my mouth, but no sound is coming out.
>>
No. 775782 ID: 395c02
File 148581880337.png - (14.62KB , 800x600 , 95.png )
775782

I, uh

>If that's a Salikai it's way bigger than it should be!
I'm not sure that's a salikai.

"... Vkchanka. Aw, crap."

what

"Okay sorry I'm an idiot hang on."
>>
No. 775783 ID: 395c02
File 148581881963.png - (25.12KB , 800x600 , 96.png )
775783

The room lights up and... what am I even looking at exactly...?

"Okay so I had this idea for what I thought was gonna be a mildly shocking prank or whatever but only just now did I realize that I'm used to people already knowing what I am when I do this kinda prank and you have no idea what I am probably so it was probably less mildly shocking and more terrifying or something but anyway I'm sorry about that and I don't want to screw up the first real conversation I've had with anyone in years so—"

It takes a deep breath.

"—hi sorry for scaring you I'm Gadarchen but you can just call me Chen because it's shorter and everyone calls me that or they did back when I had people to talk to am I talking too fast I'm probably talking too fast I talk fast when I get nervous."

...

... This is too much for one day...
>>
No. 775785 ID: 398fe1

>>775783
An undocumented species of alien? Um, introduce yourself. Then maybe ask what he's doing here, and what he is exactly? Also why can't he just talk to the natives? Are they too scared to talk to him?
>>
No. 775789 ID: c441c1

have a boot up error and pass out on the Amtsvane.
>>
No. 775791 ID: 3abd97

That tunnel you came in is way smaller than that this thing. Unless there's another way out, it's trapped!

Also this means a measure of safety for you. If you feel like you're in danger, you can turn and run back the way you came like a mouse into it's hole and he can't get you.

>what do
Okay, he's babbling. He's nervous. Those are good things. Nervous just talking to you mean he's not some kind of horrible monster.

Also, it speaks your language. This is also good! You can talk to... whatever weird alien or weird Astraneus species this is! And it has modern tech! That can help you! Maybe there's a radio, or at the very least, a bed and a shower and internal plumbing and heating and such.

So... slow down. Introduce yourself, explain that you crashed after being shot down, ask who and what he is, and what he's doing here.
>>
No. 775792 ID: 91ee5f

Oh no! It's a really big alien! Big enough to eat you in one bite!

Quickly scream, "EEEEK!!! DON'T EAT ME!!!"
>>
No. 775794 ID: fd5137

just say you need to sit down a bit, then do it, and process
>>
No. 775795 ID: 4854ef

You know what, it's been a long day, just let your brain just reboot and pass out right here right now and hope that this has been one long bad dream that was caused because you ate too much.
>>
No. 775796 ID: c57f6b

Give Chen a big hug!
>>
No. 775797 ID: 8111b6

At first, you will need only one letter. 'a'. ...as in point and go 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa' like you no doubt want to. Once you get it out of your system, then maybe you could talk. This thing seems like it might either try to calm you down, run away, or scream back in surprise.

Take some deep, calming breaths at some point. Deeper. Deeeeeeeeeeeper. Let it out slowly.

Greet when callm enough.
>>
No. 775798 ID: ce3dad

I say keep to our original groveling thinking even if it seems like he doesn't intend harm!

Quick! There is a conveniently Koror-sized gap between his left foot toes and it's relatively close! Hug it! Ask for mercy!
>>
No. 775808 ID: bcc299

Continue loading and being in reference pose.
>>
No. 775820 ID: 61c7b9

>>775783
Just calm down, it's a giant lizard. Giant lizards aren't native to this planet, it must be an alien. And since it's an alien who covered its house in dirt, it must be an anthropologist. Complain that he blew up your ship.
>>
No. 775830 ID: db0da2

This seems like a good time for a nap.
>>
No. 775848 ID: dce082

...just ask for some kind of explanation for something
>>
No. 775874 ID: d79f26

try not to think about how huge it's dick must be.
>>
No. 775875 ID: 7f202b

What does he mean he doesn't have people to talk to? This island has a bunch of natives. We literally just heard them talk to him over intercom unless there's someone else down here. Please don't tell us there's someone else down here.

Also, things that big shouldn't be allowed to seem this timid.
>>
No. 775893 ID: 8d4593

Woah. Slow down. This guy can speak your language ane has access to tech. This day just got a whole lot better.
>>
No. 775921 ID: 629c57

Ask the giant chicken/lizard nerd what gender they are.

Then establish dominance and/or friendzone, you'll probably be here awhile.
>>
No. 775937 ID: 0a5d51

Fall over backwards and pass out from combination multiple heart attacks, brain overloading and gravity of the situation.

End thread 1.
>>
No. 775953 ID: bfdaf0

>>775782
Well that was a nice bait-and-switch. Congrats!
>>
No. 777003 ID: 395c02
File 148617535392.png - (12.19KB , 800x600 , 97.png )
777003

Nnnnh.

>Continue loading and being in reference pose.
... what?

>This seems like a good time for a nap.
That really doesn't seem like a very good idea right now!

>Give Chen a big hug!
>Hug it! Ask for mercy!
That also doesn't seem like a good idea!

>Just calm down, it's a giant lizard. Giant lizards aren't native to this planet, it must be an alien.
I'm not sure how running into an alien is a good thing!

... Okay, I just need to... calm down and collect myself.

>Quickly scream, "EEEEK!!! DON'T EAT ME!!!"
That is the opposite of calm.

>Take some deep, calming breaths at some point. Deeper. Deeeeeeeeeeeper. Let it out slowly.
Right. Okay.

... Okay, that's a little better.
>>
No. 777004 ID: 395c02
File 148617541859.gif - (17.76KB , 800x600 , 98.gif )
777004

When I look back up, the... alien.... Chen, I guess, is still looking right back down at me expectantly, having stayed quiet the whole time. If anything, Chen seems to have gotten more anxious, somehow.

"Uh—"
>"Aa chtelki I am so glad you said something I was starting to worry you were going to fall over unconscious or something." Chen waited less than two seconds before starting up again, and the words are almost coming out faster than I can understand them! "Are you okay, is there something you need, can I get you something, what's on—I'm talking too much aren't I you probably have so many questions and here I am just going on and on did I mention I talk too fast when I'm nervous I'm such a mess. Sorry. I'll try to keep myself in check for a bit."

Chen goes silent. I wait just a moment before trying to start talking again.

"... uh, hi. I'm Koror."
>"Hi!" I pause before answering, but Chen doesn't say anything else this time.

>Then maybe ask what he's doing here, and what he is exactly? Also why can't he just talk to the natives?
"Uh... what are you exactly?"
>"Oh yeah you've probably never seen anything like me before. I'm an amtsvane! We're... well, you can see what I look like and that probably tells you most of what you need to know. I know we probably look big and intimidating, but we're really docile, I promise." I have no idea what to make of that. Chen seems to be trying really hard to speak at a steadier pace. "... Obviously I'm not from this world or anything."
"Uh, what are you doing here, then?"
>"It's a long story, but the short version is that I got sent to the wrong galaxy in a teleporter accident. Or maybe this is another dimension I'm not totally sure and it freaks me out to think about sometimes so I try to just not think about it anymore I mean I don't even know where home is and it's a really scary—I'll stop. Sorry." I am a little worried about this alien.
"... and what was that about not having anyone to talk to?"
>"Oh. Well... the other neumono on this island... they don't really want me to learn their language at all and they don't want to learn mine either but a couple of them picked up a little bit out of necessity so we can talk a little but it's not much of a conversation also until last year they only ever hid from me." Chen pauses. "Can I just say that I'm really glad you speak the language I taught myself from all the media broadcasts here? I really seriously haven't had a proper conversation with anybody in more than ten years and there's no way that's been good for me and it's probably part of why I'm such a mess I swear I used to be more together than this but things happened and—" The alien abruptly cuts off. "Sorry. Again."

... I won't lie. I am less intimidated by this alien every time it talks.

>Ask the giant chicken/lizard nerd what gender they are.
"Um, I'm not really familiar with, um... amsvanays." That is not super easy to say. "Are you, uh... like..."
>"Oh I'm female. It's pretty obvious but I guess you have no idea what to look for, huh! ... That sounded condescending I'm sorry I can't remember how to talk to people anymore. That's what you were asking, right?"
"Yeah. And, it's... fine." I am increasingly worried about this alien.

>Complain that he blew up your ship.
"So, um, I'm on this island because the shuttle I was flying got shot down."
>"... What?"
"It got hit by a missile."
>"That's... there's not supposed to be anyone out here at all... that's why I picked this island in the first place..." She seems a lot more upset by this than I was expecting, honestly...
"So you didn't..."
>"Oh no no Koror no way I don't even have missiles and if I did I would not be shooting them at people!"

I guess that's still a mystery, then...

It looks like she's expecting me to ask more questions. Which I definitely still have. I just need to decide what to focus on...
>>
No. 777007 ID: 65ec8d

Ask what she eats. Also, if she was teleported here, where did all her technology come from, and this hidden base? And if she's so lonely, but was able to receive broadcasts at least, why didn't she rig up a radio or something and call someone? I mean, that might not be a good idea until you find out who did shoot that missile, but she wouldn't have known that before. What can and can't she make?
>>
No. 777009 ID: d79f26

stick your dick in it.
>>
No. 777010 ID: 398fe1

>>777004
If she wants, you can act as her intermediary with the pygmies. They're a lot less intimidated by you and you've picked up bits of their language already. Oh, can she instruct you in what she knows of their language? Or she can just help figure out how it works based on the language samples you have so far.

Does she have any way off the island? You'd like to at least tell your hive you're okay.
>>
No. 777011 ID: ce3dad

Hmmm... lots of questions, though we might want to spread from what is useful and what is just interesting.

Interesting:
How have you survived here? What do you eat?How did you construct this bunker place? Who do you know from the tribe? Any friends?

Important:
What kinds of things do you know about the tribe? Why might the tribe queen have sent you here angrily? Do you have any way to help me get home? Do you like hugs? Can I hug you?
>>
No. 777012 ID: 3abd97

So nervous alien going crazy from isolation. Could be worse.

Wonder why the pygmies were so hard on her. Guess she can't teach is their language, but we can see what little she knows. Later.

>Which I definitely still have. I just need to decide what to focus on...
So... I can't help but notice all the metal. And the speakerbox. And you mentioned listening to broadcasts. You've got tech? Equipment? Can we radio for help?

>That's... there's not supposed to be anyone out here at all... that's why I picked this island in the first place...
Wait a second, deliberately isolating herself doesn't mesh with being desperate for company. And if it was a teleporter accident, how did she have any choice in where she ended up?
>>
No. 777013 ID: dce082

So umm... are we trapped in here?
>>
No. 777016 ID: 227a05

Ask her if she could help you out with a ship or something so you can get back to your home island.
>>
No. 777017 ID: bcc299

She said something about broadcasts? Is there a way you could send out a ham radio signal or something to reach your island? ...or would that possibly alert the jerks that blew up your ship. I hope that thing was insured by the way. Hey, maybe they thought you were this thing and that's why they attacked ships in this area.
>>
No. 777022 ID: 91ee5f

>>777003
>Heart beat.
Uh oh! Only one of your hearts has started beating again! Something must be wrong with your other 9 hearts! You need medical attention!

>>777004
>I'm female.
Hey, how convenient! Someone else for you to imagine putting your dick into! ;-)
>>
No. 777032 ID: db0da2

So why did you build this big base instead of, like, a boat or something? Did you bring along any of your extragalactic technology? Do you know how your teleporter works? Is there any precedent for dimension hopping? Have you noticed any differences in the physics between here and where you came from?

>it's a girl
This doesn't actually help us any, we don't know what sexes or gender dynamics this species has.

The missile thing is still concerning, but this is on the whole good news. Chen here represents a serious potential windfall for your hive if you're able to get back to them alive, and as far as we know now this island is free of hostiles.
>>
No. 777034 ID: 8d4593

Why don't we.. uh.. Sit, somewhere. Do you have tea or something?

I take it you're stranded too?
>>
No. 777046 ID: 2120ee

>>777004
If she's getting broadcasts, maybe she can send a broadcast to your hive and they can sort something out for getting a rescue organized?

...Though that might be pretty expensive. Too bad your hive doesn't have a shuttle of its own, huh?
>>
No. 777068 ID: 2c4dd9

>>777009
That will probably be difficult considering his entire body could probably fit in there. Also, I find it funny the way we kept obsessing over him being surrounded by tiny women, and as soon as they're gone we immediately go after the next lady we see despite her being larger relative to us than we are to any of the pygmy tribe.

Ask what exactly this structure is. Also, did she say she received television broadcasts down here? DOES SHE HAVE A COMMUNICATION DEVICE THAT YOU COULD USE TO CALL YOUR HIVE? Feel sorry when you realize she's been so lonely and the first person she could ever have a real conversation with asked if she could help them leave an go home inside of ten minutes.
>>
No. 777074 ID: d36af7

How long have you been here, as in, here on this island and also here in this galaxy, and can you provide me with a boat or something to get back to my hive? Any miraculous alien hypertechnology you can spare would also be appreciated, since otherwise I'd be coming back empty-handed after that shuttle we spent so much money on got randomly blown up.
>>
No. 777114 ID: 8111b6

Real stroke of luck. Maybe you could compare notes and learn more of the pygmy language, in case you'll be stuck here a while. Then, you could at least visit your unexpected inter-tribal friends. Maybe trade.
Hopefully, that communication idea has some luck, but if not, at least you have someone to talk to as you try to survive.
>>
No. 777265 ID: 15a025

Ask if she's got anything to eat in here.
>>
No. 777329 ID: ce3dad

I have already suggested but I thought I might bring up a point due to the rampant sexual thoughts: Are you well, Koror? Do you have a partner back home? Are you really sure you aren't just a bit 'thirsty'? I'm not going to be the type to just tell you to throw yourself at the random women we've encountered, but due to its intensive presence in what you claim to be your mind, you might want to actually consider forming a positive relationship with someone here. Maybe it will clear the air if we can release some of this pent up tension...

Or I guess you can keep bottling it up and we can deal with this every few seconds.
>>
No. 778415 ID: cee89f

>>777329
Pretty sure giving in will just encourage more of this crap :P
>>
No. 778471 ID: 199251

>I'm female
Seduce?
>>
No. 778472 ID: 9145ba

>>777009
Stick your dick and one of the islanders in it.
>>
No. 778608 ID: 395c02
File 148678552199.png - (18.76KB , 800x600 , 99.png )
778608

... it's funny. Even though she's an ams... alien, this girl is so nervous, and communicating it in such a blatant way, that I'm not nearly as weirded out as I thought I would be talking to someone who doesn't have empathy.

>stick your dick in it.
I think I have more important things to focus on right now!

>Where am I
"What is this place?"
>"Well originally it was just an escape pod thing but after I put it underground to hide it I ended up taking out most of the walls to make it bigger which it was kind of designed for anyway so now it's just kind of a living space and it works well enough for that." Escape pod? And there's the bit about hiding again...
"And you've been here for...?"
>"Twelve and a half years ish which is less of a big deal than it sounds like because the equipment in this pod is good enough to keep me going for hundreds of years probably but also kind of a big deal anyway because it's still a really long time to be alone."

... wait, hundreds of years?? ... I put the thought aside for the moment, but...

>About food
"Uh, do you have anything to eat? What do you eat, anyway?"
>"Oh right neumono have to eat pretty frequently don't they well um I can get you some food over in the next room and also since you asked amtsvane eat pretty much anything that's smaller than they are."
"... Uh..."
>"I'm joking I'm joking it's fine. ... I mean I'm not exactly joking because we do but not people or anything geez anyway I have a... what's the word... replicator... thing... it can make food out of organic material and that's what I use to feed myself most of the time."

She turns around and strides into the room behind her.

>"So yeah if you just follow me I'll see about getting you something to eat."
>>
No. 778609 ID: 395c02
File 148678554965.png - (20.15KB , 800x600 , 100.png )
778609

... Following Chen in here really just reinforces how much bigger she is than I am, in a way I only really notice when she's moving. There's a part of me that wants to tear off running and find somewhere to hide, for sure.

>Can I hug you?
So for example I'm not asking that question. ... yet, at least.

Lights come on as soon as Chen steps into the room, which... honestly, it doesn't look all that different from the last one, except there are several large, featureless metal boxes in it, all coming up to her waist or so. She taps on one of these to reveal a compartment with a much smaller box, which she pulls out, sets atop the larger box, and then starts tapping on in turn.

>"I don't know what you like exactly so I'm just going to give you what I gave the other neumono the last time any of them came in here because they seemed really happy with it that's okay right?"
"Sure...?" More tapping.
>"Okay that's set up so I should have something for you soon but what else did you want to ask?" She turns back around to look at me again.

>About the pygmies
"The other neumono on this island... you said they don't want you to learn their language?"
>"They are really protective of it apparently and they figured out very quickly that I was trying to listen for any of it so they started making a point of talking really quietly and as little as possible around me when they're around me which is not often to begin with because they are really wary of me and I guess I can't blame them for that. I don't think they hate me or anything but they do not want me to learn it so even when one of them was actually staying here for a while she would not say any words to me in it at all and I think she even kind of likes me since she learned little bits and pieces of one of the languages I speak and comes and talks to me on the speaker I set up sometimes but not that often since I don't think the other neumono are very happy about it." ... I wonder if she's talking about Murel.
"What else do you know about them?"
>"Not very much except that they are very small for neumono! And I think you probably already knew that too."
"Do you know why the queen would have sent me to you?"
>"... not exactly but I have tried to tell them as best I can that I'm always willing to help them and maybe that message got through and they decided you were something that they wanted my help with?"
>>
No. 778610 ID: 395c02
File 148678557481.png - (15.46KB , 800x600 , 101.png )
778610

>Getting home
Right, yeah, I need to focus.
"So you have... a whole bunch of technology here."
>"Y... yeah?" She immediately looks more nervous, for some reason.
"And you mentioned picking up broadcasts."
>"Yeah it's how I know your language and stuff."
"Can you, uh, help me get home? Or at least let me contact my hive?"
>"I... um..." She pauses for quite some time, closing her eyes briefly. "... it's probably not what you want me to say exactly but I have to be able to trust you first."
"Uh, what?"
>"I don't want you to..." She trails off. "Look I'll explain it later but I promise I'll help you as soon as I feel like I can trust you okay?"

... Well, I'll let it go for a moment.

>Teleporter? Escape pod?
>Hiding but wanted company?? What?
"So, wait. If you got here in a teleporter accident, how were you able to pick this island? And what was that about an escape pod?"
>"I... we... the whole research station got teleported and then I... had to use the escape pod later... because of... things."
"And you said you were desperate for company, but you deliberately picked an island in the middle of nowhere to settle on? That doesn't make any sense."
>"Look I..." Another pause. "Hey your food is almost done can we talk about something else?"

And I thought neumono were bad at hiding things.

... At the same time, maybe it's not a good idea to provoke her right now.
>>
No. 778611 ID: 398fe1

>>778610
She's probably space-wanted by space-police. Or she stole something from the research station.

How about you just eat some food and offer to play a board game or something with her. She has entertainment stuff here, right?
>>
No. 778613 ID: 65ec8d

Ok, ask her if she's sure the neumono specifically didn't want her to learn their language, or if they maybe just thought that she wouldn't be able to and wanted her to stop trying? Because, tell her this, she should know by now neumono are a little bit psychic with each other, and a lot of their native languages especially need that empathic reading to provide context. Like there are probably a bunch of words that could each mean lots of things and without having empathy herself she'd never be able to say them in a way that the neumono can actually tell what she's talking about.

Also, even if she doesn't want you leaving the island yet, you're going to assume she wouldn't mind you talking to the pygmies again at some point? Like not right away that'd be rude you'd still talk to her, but if you hung around with the pygmies maybe they'd let you learn their language, or they could pick up yours, and she'd have more people to talk to. Even just hanging around with them for a while would improve things because over time you'd learn to read their empathy better, and them yours, and become able to understand a lot even without learning the language.
>>
No. 778615 ID: dc4690

Tell her that you're just glad right now that she's friendly, you don't have to talk about this anymore. You just got shot down out of the blue, you can understand being a bit paranoid around this island.
>>
No. 778617 ID: 3abd97

>>778610
Are you... hiding from the government or something? Did they shoot you down?

If you don't want me telling anyone you're here, that's okay, though it will making me calling for help more complicated.

So, uh, what have you been doing all by yourself out here, all this time?

How do you get out of here? That door looked too small for you.
>>
No. 778622 ID: 8d4593

Well it's not like we're in a hurry. I mean we'd be going home empty handed anyway. Why not just chill for a while and enjoy the company? We can poke at her past later.
>>
No. 778631 ID: 9145ba

So what would get you to trust me? Just... not betraying you for an extended period of time, I guess?
Perhaps I could woo you over a romantic dinner for two?

...or, you said you try to help the islanders. I guess I could do that...
>>
No. 778655 ID: 79a07e

>>778615
Basically this. And yeah she's probably wanted for something or other, but to be frank, I don't think we care at this point in time.

Still, don't press the issue, if only to keep things comfortable.
>>
No. 778662 ID: a393d5

Shes' probably an escapee from the research station, which could possibly still be up and running and the guys who shot us down maybe?
>>
No. 778665 ID: fe7355

Ask Chen how come nobody noticed this research station or her escape pod falling to the surface. Even twelve years ago it was long enough since Neumono's uplift that there'd be radar stations and surveillance satellites monitoring the planet. Especially those of the ultrahives to watch out for possible incoming nuclear ICBMs from each other. A UFO popping up on their screens out of nowhere would have brought an investigation, first into whether they had faulty equipment, then to where the UFO went.

Hey, wait... If she chose this island in particular for its remoteness, that probably means her escape pod did some form of visual mapping or sensor scan of the planet. And that means she likely has a map of the entire ocean, or at least a good chunk of it, and all the islands, including your home island and the place you bought the hovercraft from. Which means you could possibly figure out where you were shot down, based on the hovercraft's cruising speed, the time from when you left to when you were shot down and the presumption the autopilot took a straight line path back. And once you have the general area you were shot down in, you can find the nearest island and that's probably where the missile was launched from. ...Unless it was launched from a submarine or underwater base, but leave those possibilities on the shelf for now. Ask Chen if she has any maps of the planet, specifically the greater area around this island.

Oh, and you ought to tell Chen that you were shot down out of the blue by a guided missile while flying a used anti-grav hovercraft your hive had just purchased back to them. No idea who did it or why. You think it might have been someone that really didn't want to risk anybody noticing they were out here. ...Like Chen. ...Uh oh. Um. Don't jump to any conclusions, alright.
>>
No. 778689 ID: 211d83

Maybe the pygmies are hiding there language because they work for the missile people and want to keep it hidden from big space lady here.

She probably has some sort of trauma in her past and is worried about you telling people about her if you leave.

Or even more sinister idea:

She knows if you go back home that people will eventually find out about her so she can never let you leave. The missile was sent by a enemy so that no one can ever rescue her. You will spend years trying to win her trust and slowly find out that you are trapped here. By that time you will have gone rogue and will spend all your time trying to regain your happiness by fucking pygmies.
>>
No. 778701 ID: db0da2

>>778610
Well that's shady as fuck. Overlook it for now, getting her to trust us seems like a necessary prerequisite to getting home.

Maybe the pygmies think she's a salikai? Presumably they've been isolated on this island for quite some time but not forever, and I think it'd be obvious if a salikai was hiding here, so they might have some really old vague stories about giant green smart things that will trick you if you let them.
>>
No. 778922 ID: d36af7

Can that replicator (or other available tools) make a replacement aircraft, comparable to the one that got shot down? Maybe with even some basic ECM, or a little point defense turret, just in case? It'd basically be toy-sized for her.
>>
No. 780475 ID: ce3dad

Maybe we can turn this around pretty quickly? She says she wants to trust us, so change the topic. Try to learn more about her. Find out what she likes to talk about. Comment on her size if you feel it would be a good ice breaker!

I mean, who wouldn't want to sleep curled up in someone's hands?
>>
No. 781056 ID: 15a025

That's pretty shady. Say you'll drop the subject for now as long as it's nothing you have to worry about right now.
>>
No. 781069 ID: 91ee5f

>>778610
>Resarch station.
Wait, what if she's not a run away scientist? What if she's a run away research experiment and she's running from the scientists that created her?!
>>
No. 789606 ID: 595d54

As a trust-building exercise, offer to seduce the pygmies into teaching you their language and gather information for Chen.

Seduction optional, no it isn't but it seems like Chen values information and she might appreciate a chance to learn stuff about the outside world, given how nervous she seems to be.
>>
No. 792868 ID: 395c02
File 149117382605.png - (19.37KB , 800x600 , 102.png )
792868

>What if she's a run away research experiment and she's running from the scientists that created her?!
>Shes' probably an escapee from the research station
Even if that's true, it seems like it would be a really bad idea to accuse her of that right now!

>Don't press the issue, if only to keep things comfortable.
>Why not just chill for a while and enjoy the company? We can poke at her past later.
Yeah, it's probably the right call to just move on for now. It's not like it really matters that much to me why she's here, right?

>Did they shoot you down?
... Oh, right.

I would really like to ask this but that would be pretty much the opposite of dropping it. Still, I have to be sure to bring it up as soon as it seems like she trusts me even a little, because that's one question I probably do need to know the answer to.

"... uh, sure."
>"Okay. Chtelki. Thank you." She's very visibly relieved. I don't think she could be telegraphing this any more if she tried.

>More questions
Still got plenty of those!

>the door
"How do you get out of here? That door looked way too small."
>"Oh um there are other doors I just put that exit in later in the hopes that maybe the pygmies would use it which didn't exactly work out."
>"I could probably fit through it without breaking it too much. I think."

>what do you do
"You said you'd been here for twelve years? What have you been doing all this time?"
>"Um... watching broadcasts I pick up... reading... building stuff sometimes... trying to interact with the neumono, lately... ... honestly it's been really despairingly lonely and I'm glad you're here."
>"Um I mean I'm not glad you got shot with a missile or whatever! Just to have someone to talk to for a while."

That was less of an answer than I was expecting.

>pygmy language
"So... the neumono here didn't want you to learn their language? Are you sure?"
>"They definitely started talking way less suddenly and it wasn't long after I started trying to listen for it so I don't know what else it could be or how I'd find out!"
"I mean, neumono have this... empathy thing..."
>"Look I've seen a bunch of neumono media so trust me I know all about that."
"Oh."

There's kind of a pause, during which she just sort of looks at me, a little puzzled.

>salikai
"Maybe they think you're a salikai?"
>"I... wait did you think I was a salikai?"
"I mean... you're way too big... but... kind of?"
>"Oh."

Another awkward pause.

>replicate an aircraft
"So could you make me an aircraft with that replicator so I can get home? Maybe with some kind of defenses?"
>"Um... I'd have to come up with a design for it first since I don't think I have one, but I would probably be able to do that since I kinda know my way around that sort of thing. I mean it'd take a while and there'd have to be testing and stuff to make sure I give you something that actually works and won't crash into the ocean or whatever."
>"... But um I'd want to be sure I could trust you before I did something like that!"
>>
No. 792869 ID: 395c02
File 149117386098.png - (16.11KB , 800x600 , 103.png )
792869

>trust
Yep, there it is again.
>Perhaps I could woo you over a romantic dinner for two?
Why am I even having this idea? I don't even know how exactly I would go about dating a neumono outside my hive, let alone a giant neurotic alien.
>Comment on her size if you feel it would be a good ice breaker!
If I completely run out of ideas, maybe. For all I know she's sensitive about it.
>I mean, who wouldn't want to sleep curled up in someone's hands?
I have immediate mixed feelings about this.

I don't think I can really just walk up and ask her "how do I get you to trust me" or whatever. That just seems weird.

>offer to seduce the pygmies into teaching you their language
Uh, I don't think I could do that even if I thought it would work.

Still...

"Um... you don't mind me going back and talking to the other neumono again, right?"
>"Why wouldn't I want you to do that? I mean maybe they'll actually trust you eventually and I'll be able to understand them better or maybe you'll even convince them they don't need to be afraid of me or something! ... But um since they deliberately sent you here for whatever reason maybe you should stay here for a while first, like until tomorrow or something."
"Um..."
>"... Also I'd really like to spend more time with someone I can actually have a conversation with. ... If you don't mind. ... Oh hey your food's almost done!"

She's giving me that awkward, nervous smile again.
>>
No. 792871 ID: 398fe1

>>792869
Ask if she's got any board games.
>>
No. 792872 ID: 211d83

Spending a night with the lonely alien does not sound bad. Be friends with her and earn some trust.

Later on if we need press the issue of you getting home you can casually mention how much you miss your hive and how much work everyone put into earning enough money to buy that shuttle.

How being away from a hive long enough can make a guy go rogue and be miserable for the rest of his days.

For the moment avoid that sort of stuff but keep it handy if needed. If she is telling the truth there is someone else who has missiles around here you need to deal with before you can leave easily. And the local pygmy tribe might be up to something as well.
>>
No. 792873 ID: 91cfcf

Thank her and start having a nice conversation. Over dinner, ask what sort of stuff she listens to and reads, mention your simulation hobby, request to be her combination pillow and sex toy, and ask if she has any games or whatever you can play together. You know, get to know her in general. She could probably use the company, learning about her will be useful, and who knows, she might end up being your type.
>>
No. 792874 ID: 51649e

Say ok, and sorry that for your worries, but if she's been watching neumono media she must know you're on sort of a time limit. A pretty long one but still. And you'd at least like your hive to have a clue that you're not dead? It can be some mystery note in a bottle thing that doesn't give anything else away if she likes, just something. I mean, she must have had some people who she'd have liked to let know she was ok?

Then sit down to a nice meal together and start talking. Do you have a favourite show she might have seen, Koror? You could talk about it.
>>
No. 792875 ID: 8cb228

A boat, or well a ship, would be less likely to have things go catastrophically wrong than an aircraft of some sort.
>>
No. 792877 ID: 8d4593

Welp. Might as well make yourself at home. Ask if she has a couch.
>>
No. 792879 ID: 70983e

Okay. Woo her over a regular dinner. For two.
>>
No. 792887 ID: 3abd97

>>792869
>>"... Also I'd really like to spend more time with someone I can actually have a conversation with. ... If you don't mind. ... Oh hey your food's almost done!"
Yeah I'm not going to run away immediately, I'm pretty sure the three outside already left. And the Queen was certainly upset over something when she had we dragged out here.

>>offer to seduce the pygmies into teaching you their language
>Uh, I don't think I could do that even if I thought it would work.
>Still...
You seem a lot more okay with that idea, buddy.
>>
No. 792930 ID: 91ee5f

>>792868
>"Look I've seen a bunch of neumono media so trust me I know all about that."
Well good. That saves some time in explaining it.

...ask if that means she also knows about "going rouge". If she does, great! If she doesn't, then explain it to her. And then tell her that's why you're worried about being away from your hive for so long. You're on a time limit here and you're afraid of finally getting home, only to discover that you've gone rogue!

>>792869
>Oh hey your food's almost done!
Since she's a giant, the food might end up being giant sized instead of small enough for you to eat!
>>
No. 792931 ID: db0da2

>She's very visibly relieved. I don't think she could be telegraphing this any more if she tried.
Which is odd considering she's an extra-dimensional alien, you'd assume you'd have a harder time understanding her. Unless she isn't actually from another dimension and was created here with neumono body language and expressions in mind, which would be an explanation that didn't break our current understanding of physics.

Ask if there's someplace more comfy than these metal and stone rooms that you can relax at.
>>
No. 792933 ID: db0da2

>I don't even know how exactly I would go about dating a neumono outside my hive, let alone a giant neurotic alien.
The latter might actually be easier than the former, how acclimatized are you to extra-hive neumono?
>>
No. 792949 ID: 2120ee

>>792869
So, if she watches all kinds of broadcasts. it's possible she could maybe even have more of a finger on things than you do.

Maybe she's seen the latest episodes of that show you like but can't track down!
>>
No. 793075 ID: 72d40e

Shes been here alone for a long time man, if you want her trust then start by just keeping her company, keeping her entertained, offering her a fisting. Though I suppose in this case with the size difference it would have to be full body insertion.
So yea food. What are we having?
>>
No. 793110 ID: a363ac

>>792869
Ask if she has any way to ahem "Relive herself" when it gets a bit too much to bare being alone.
>>
No. 793116 ID: 0555b9

>>793110
This, "purely" for science's sake of course.
>>
No. 793118 ID: 79a07e

>>792869
In all honesty, dude, she seems pretty nice. She's been through a rough patch; even with your time limit I'd like to think you can spare some time to just get friendly with her. She seems sweet, if a bit overly nervous. Girl just needs someone to talk to, like she said.

Have dinner, stay the night, keep it light.
>>
No. 793234 ID: 8cb228

Okay, so obviously your hormones are out of whack. And maybe you hit your head or something.

There's gotta be some explanation for all the sexual thoughts.

Still, you have willpower, resist them, but be aware that you are GOING to need some form of sexual release and someone to confide in about this stuff sooner or later -- so make plans to manage it!
>>
No. 794103 ID: ce3dad

I guess you thought my suggestions were too forward. Well, I guess you can always wait to answer her questions. Conversations are give-and-take, after all.
>>
No. 794526 ID: 15a025

Just having casual dinner talk is a good way to break the ice.
>>
No. 801654 ID: 17c2ee

Ask her if you should strip down too, so she feels comfortable. You don't want to make your host feel excluded.
>>
No. 817113 ID: 56ffef

>>792869
ask for a hug from one stranded person to another.
>>
No. 817117 ID: f076ad

Tell us more about those media broadcasts. Did they include adult channels? I mean, did they include.. mating?
>>
No. 817120 ID: 8d4593

There is no harm chillin' here for a few days.
Honestly Koror, You could use the break.

Think about it. First you get shot down and almost drown, then you get stranded on an island and have an eye stung out, then you are subjected to a bunch of unfriendly pygmies... I mean come on man it's been non-stop for you. Give yourself some time to unwind and digest things before you go crazy. Meeting a friendly giant alien girl is the best thing to happen to you today. Roll with it.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason