[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 925073)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 23550 unique user posts. View catalog

File 155203466104.png - (94.24KB , 585x393 , 111.png )
925073 No. 925073 ID: 59ed7a

- "Almost done with my first shift!"
- "So glad that they put me on easiest floor, tonight I will... wait, is this airlock-door's sealing broken!?"
- "Oh shit! Shit! Is it inhabited live-cell?"
- "Bloody hell, what should I do?"

>Run
>Request directions from officer via radio
>Investigate
>Throw foam-concrete grenade
>Ignore
>... your input
Expand all images
>>
No. 925074 ID: 080aaf

>Foam grenade
>>
No. 925075 ID: 834378

Ignore
>>
No. 925077 ID: e51896

nothing that explosions can't solve. throw the grenade.
>>
No. 925079 ID: 59ed7a
File 155203950557.png - (209.08KB , 695x683 , 222.png )
925079

- "Screw it, I'm not dealing with this mess!"

Liquidator decided to
>throw foam-concrete grenade
at suspicious live-cell and
>ignore
it.
...
15 min later:

:l1officer1: - Good job! I want to congrat... Where is your equipment, rookie?
:l1rookie1: - Well, there was that cracked airlock-door and...
:l1officer1: - Was it inhabited?
:l1rookie1: - I don't know, I just decided to...
:l1officer1: - I see...

:l1officer1: *pshhhh* - Rookie just wasted his FCG-5 on scary door. *pshhhhh*
:l1radio1: *pshhhh* - LC-7.4.b WR-3 I think? *pshhhhh*
:l1radio1: *pshhhh* - I agree. *pshhhhh*
:l1radio1: *pshhhh* - Agreed. *pshhhhh*

:l1officer1: - Due to inappropriate use of personal equipment Liquidator commissars council sentence you to...
:l1rookie1: - No, no, no, WAIT!

*BOOM* *gunshot*

You died.

Statistic:
Turns survived: 1
Missions completed: 1
Civilians rescued: 0
Secrets found: 0/3
Girls kissed: 0
Liquidator rank: rookie
True love found: no
>>
No. 925081 ID: 834378

RIP number one.
>>
No. 925083 ID: 59ed7a
File 155204185340.png - (501.74KB , 1175x720 , 333.png )
925083

Today is the day! I'm going on a date with a boy! And I heard that he's so awesome!
I'm so nervous and don't know what to do! How should I prepare for this?
>>
No. 925084 ID: 834378

Dress up.
>>
No. 925087 ID: e51896

Go naked. Be true to yourself.
>>
No. 925088 ID: 080aaf

Throw a foam grenade at the door.
>>
No. 925089 ID: 6655de

Wear clothes!
>>
No. 925090 ID: 834378

Would it happen that the boy you're going out with works on the easiest floor?
>>
No. 925119 ID: 59ed7a
File 155210360303.png - (524.01KB , 1175x720 , 333a.png )
925119

>Go naked. Be true to yourself.
Oh, boys love that, don't they? But I'm not brave enough, although I was caught by the sirens in the middle of something once and had to run almost naked through the whole floor! It was so... trembling.

>Throw a foam grenade at the door.
What!? Did you see something?
...
Airlock-door seems okay to me, I don't see any sign of depressurization. Don't scare me like that!

>Would it happen that the boy you're going out with works on the easiest floor?
Haha, no! This guy is working on hardest floors and he has veteran uniform! Or so I was told.

>Dress up.
>Wear clothes!
Got it! But what should I wear?
It must be something special, right? Should I go with a hat? Maybe I should take my rake with me as a conversation starter? Like to show that we have something in common? Or he'll then just think that I'm posing myself?
Gosh, I'm so bad at those girly stuff.
Men are so lucky that they can just wear their uniform and always look great!

Okay, what do you think about this skirt?
>>
No. 925120 ID: cbdfa8

>>925119
Hmm I would say something that is easily repaired or dry cleaned. something special but wouldnt be a total loss if you lost it.
But you have to have DURABLE shoes
>>
No. 925124 ID: 6655de

>>925119
Bring the hat, but not the rake. Also, check who's in the door.
>>
No. 925127 ID: 977456

>>veteran! Or so I was told.
... Told by whom? This sounds like one of those things that people say to look good that are actually dishonest lies of deceit. How would you feel if they were actually a junior assistant to an easy-floor reserve-broom carrier?
By the way, you make even THAT uniform look good. Just gussy-up your hair and face and leave the helmet strapped to your back. You get to show off your pretty face and still carry around all the useful junk that you packed away for long shifts.
Oooh! Check on the door, someone might be looking for you. Or a monster trying to break in, who knows these days?
>>
No. 925130 ID: 5da03e

Quick, take off your bra and answer the door!
>>
No. 925270 ID: 59ed7a
File 155218789264.png - (522.29KB , 1175x720 , 333b.png )
925270

>... Told by whom? This sounds like one of those things that people say to look good that are actually dishonest lies of deceit. How would you feel if they were actually a junior assistant to an easy-floor reserve-broom carrier?
Well, if he's a good person after all...
But why can't he be a good person and a badass!? I soaked in dreams about veteran uniform for days already, don't take it from me!

>Bring the hat, but not the rake.
Rake is too much, huh. But I need some kind of accessory to finish my look, right?

>By the way, you make even THAT uniform look good. Just gussy-up your hair and face and leave the helmet strapped to your back. You get to show off your pretty face and still carry around all the useful junk that you packed away for long shifts.
Ha-ha, you mean liquidator outfit? It's a man uniform, girls don't have those.
Well, I actually have one left from my cousin. Had to scoop like 90% of him from it, it was so disgusting and my hair smelled like goo for a week.

>Hmm I would say something that is easily repaired or dry cleaned. something special but wouldnt be a total loss if you lost it.
I can't take chem-prot-suit for a date, don't I? But maybe I have something like that...
>But you have to have DURABLE shoes
I can take the ones from uniform and combine it with a skirt, I guess...
It's like saying: - "I'm practical and know how to handle stuff, but I also girly and sweet!"

>Quick, take off your bra and answer the door!
What? Why would I do that?
What if it will be a cute unsuspecting boy, who will find my tities breathtakingly beautiful and will stand like "Duh?" while I'll act casually like nothing is happening and like "Yeah, can I help you?" making him even more confused and shy?
No, seriously, give me any remotely valid reason to do that, it sounds cute as hell.

>Check on the door
You sure? ...okay.
...
Oh, it's our commissar. He's telling me that sirens went on by mistake again and he's routing around every live-cell warning people it's okay to go outside. He's also familiarly dropping a hint that I may want to hurry up if I'm going to have my haircut in time. Oh, he may know something about my date, is it coming earlier? Man, what should I do, should I go outside and try to get my hair cut ahead of schedule? If yes, then what haircut should a get?
>>
No. 925271 ID: cbdfa8

>>925270

>No, seriously, give me any remotely valid reason to do that, it sounds cute as hell.

you could claim to be part of a nudist family. hehe

also are those pipe-bombs on the table?
>>
No. 925285 ID: 6655de

>>925270
Use a flower as a accessory and maybe bring a book! At least you will have something to talk about.

Also? Don't cut your hair.
>>
No. 925311 ID: 834378

Bring the mask.
>>
No. 925315 ID: c52d35

Put on some casual clothes go get that haircut! Don't forget your gas mask just in case.
>>
No. 925361 ID: 59ed7a
File 155230770596.png - (524.56KB , 1175x720 , 333c.png )
925361

>you could claim to be part of a nudist family.
It's like a family where everyone wander around nude?
Wish we had more of those on our floor!

>also are those pipe-bombs on the table?
Yeah, you know, usual FCG-5 are pretty expensive to make, but I thought that... it's nothing new but we can make those pretty easy and it might be useful too. Not when you need to block a passage, but just to blow up something, or to make a signal.

>Use a flower as a accessory and maybe bring a book! At least you will have something to talk about.
Like in my hair? Okay.
But what if he thinks that I'm showing off by taking a book with me? Um...

>Don't cut your hair.
Oh, you liked it? Thanks! I didn't visit a barber since forever though.

>Bring the gas mask.
I can take it with me, sure.

>Put on some casual clothes go get that haircut!
Okay, simple top it is then! Let's go outside!
>>
No. 925362 ID: 59ed7a
File 155230794024.png - (109.06KB , 221x296 , 444.png )
925362

Oh, commissar is still here.
He seems a little bit distracted.
But I glad to see him, since he got lost two month ago during self-gathering, but now he's back!
And I love that strong raw meat smell of his!
Although he tricked me, sirens worked correct, I should not had open the door.
But I don't remember what I feared before, silly me!
It's oкaу outside, I just nǝǝd to knock eveяy dooя and beg people to let ɯe in.
Yeɐɥ, that's wɥat I should do.
It wᴉll be right ʇhiиg to do.
Alɹiƃht.


CAMOC6OP

Statistic:
Turns survived: 3
Missions completed: 1
Civilians rescued: 0
Secrets found: 1/3
Girls kissed: 0
Liquidator rank: none
True love found: no
>>
No. 925363 ID: 834378

Progress has been made.
>>
No. 925626 ID: 6f6f25

Wait, what just happened there?
>>
No. 925630 ID: e95cec

>>925626
I think she went and opened the door, and it turned out the commissar was controlled by some kind of monster/plague/thing. It got her, too, and she went off to spread it.
>>
No. 925633 ID: 923240

>>925630
i thought she was the thing, and she only thought she was a girl in a cell when that is just what they wanted her to think.
>>
No. 925640 ID: 977456

>>925633
No, that would imply that we failed less. Given our status as maximum failures, this is not possible.
>>
No. 925641 ID: 10c408

Man, if we keep getting people killed at this rate we might just give star trek a run for it's money in terms of red shirt deaths.
>>
No. 925716 ID: 977456

This seems like a cross between Paranoia and Call of Cthulhu. Even by those standards we need to up our game.
>>
No. 925939 ID: 59ed7a
File 155271522933.png - (336.09KB , 1034x674 , 555.png )
925939

Self-gathering lasted for three weeks on this floor before it was decided to seal entire section with concrete. No chance of survival for inhabitants.
Five years later it's your job to investigate the ruins.

Your team:

- scout (mental points 55)
it's his forth shift; his wife is sick for a long time already and pill dispenser lowered her priority, so he needs this veteran triple ration ASAP and ready to go to hell for it
light rake
FCG-5
gunpowder pistol (6 ammo)
med-kit

- tank (mental points 35)
it's his third shift; this guy is here for the idea, he believes in liquidators mission and goals; those do not last long in your experience
heavy rake
FCG-5
full-body shield

- rookie (mental points 15)
it's his first shift; as noble as it is to try to save this guy life, he's just not coming back home; sent to this floor as a disciplinary punishment
standard rake
FCG-5
sand bucket (full)

- you (mental points 90)
it's your 7th shift; not many liquidators go that far, but gambling debts aren't going anywhere by itself; you're leader of the squad
standard rake
FCG-5
pneumatic rifle (200 ammo)

First you need to arrange the troops, who goes first, who's second, third and who will cover the back.
Current arrangement: 4scout-3tank-2rookie-1you
>>
No. 925940 ID: cbdfa8

>>925939
Tank goes in first, you second, rookie third, and scout 4th.
>>
No. 925941 ID: 10c408

...Yeah, that lineup is doomed to failure. The leadership role is in front of everyone else and most likely to get attacked if a hypothetical enemy engages our little group.

change the lineup to this.
Scout>rookie>us>tank.

With any luck, we should be able to aim around the tank to clear hostiles and the scout can manage the rookie into well, investigating anything important behind us.
>>
No. 925948 ID: 59ed7a
File 155272003148.png - (286.69KB , 1137x516 , 555a.png )
925948

You quickly decide how to regroup and enter the floor.
>>
No. 925951 ID: 59ed7a
File 155272026267.png - (141.11KB , 768x226 , 888.png )
925951

Looks like you start in the live quarter. These poor people waited for self-gathering to finish for weeks, sitting in their live-cells and losing their hope and sanity bit by bit. For a second you even feel weak raw meat smell, which followed them till their last breath, but it must be just your imagination. Nevertheless you think that if you're going to investigate what's inside these cells, you may decide to use only one person at the time to save others sanity. But maybe you want to just skip it and move forward.
What should your team do?
>>
No. 925978 ID: e95cec

Any specific goal, or just collect information? Tank should be in front when moving, I guess, but if it's mental damage you're worried about, perhaps you should be the one to poke your nose in a few rooms. Carefully.
>>
No. 925985 ID: ad51b8

watch out for that pink shit on the floor. Also what does sand do?
>>
No. 925987 ID: 080aaf

The rookie should be the first one to say hello to get his first bit of experience. It will prove valuable, if he survives.
>>
No. 925989 ID: 10c408

What is that small round object in front of the living quarters door frame?
>>
No. 926002 ID: 59ed7a
File 155273541107.png - (145.08KB , 768x226 , 888a.png )
926002

>Any specific goal, or just collect information?
Just scouting, nothing specific.

>watch out for that pink shit on the floor.
You take your rakes and dispose it in no time, making floor safe.

>Also what does sand do?
You remember asking the same question when you were rookie yourself armed with sand bucket for your first missions. There are hundreds things you can do with bucket of sand to save your life, it's not limited to certain usage, they told you. You imagination is your biggest weapon, they told you. And it has been proven being true multiple times right in front of your eyes. So now it's you who telling rookies with a bucket that he's as important as any other team member.

>The rookie should be the first one to say hello to get his first bit of experience. It will prove valuable, if he survives.
You decided to send rookie to check first live-cell.
Only few seconds passed before you heard his cracked voice through airlock-door:
- Oh no!
- Oh, hell, no!
- No, no, no, oh no!
...
- Oh, mom sorry!
- Please forgive me.
- No, to hell thats all!
With a hollow clap foam-concrete grenade entomb rookie and release him from his misery.
It's a little sad and kind of a waste, but at least you glad that you don't have to know what was inside.
First live cell is secured.
>rookie takes 25 mental damage
>rookie is dead

>if it's mental damage you're worried about, perhaps you should be the one to poke your nose in a few rooms. Carefully.
You carefully taking a look in live-cell number two.
...
Oh no.
It must be where their doctor lived, such clean cuts and professionally made bandages. But this guy probably did regret having such knowledge. They must have been starved, probably decided that doing this is better than just dying, that baby can still live a life if he do this and they become rescued afterwards. It may be true first time he did it, but what kind of life it can be after forth time?
Cold of FCG-5 in your hand calmed down you a little. No one has to see it ever again. No one deserve to remember this picture for the rest of his life. Maybe rookie was the wisest of you all? You can end it right here...

You returned back deeply traumatized. You will not be able to eat meat ever again in your life.
>you take 25 mental damage
Second live-cell is secured, you mark it with "safe, needs bio-purgation lvl 3", which stands for cleaning blindfolded.

>You carefully taking a look in live-cell number three.
Room seems safe, its owner calmly died in bed. You found dozens of rakes here almost as good as new, and it's a great find for your people back home.

>What is that small round object in front of the living quarters door frame?
You found extra FCG-5, which is added to your inventory! Score!

You advance through live-quarter and see power switch box, stairs up, stairs down, garbage-dispose-pipe, dispenser and concrete factory entrance. Suddenly scout asking you to let him loot the dispenser, he's begging for the life of his sick wife. But it's a marauding he's talking about though.
What should you do?
>Go upstairs
>Go downstairs
>Investigate garbage-dispose-pipe
>Visit concrete factory
>Enable power
>Let scout loot the dispenser
>Execute scout as marauder
>Your options
>>
No. 926037 ID: cbdfa8

>>926002
Let the guy loot.

Investigate the concrete factory.
>>
No. 926052 ID: 10c408

Don't let the scout loot.

When we're done here (assuming we don't die horribly) your superiors are going to notice the looted vending machine, and then it's your ass.

Investigate the concrete factory next.
>>
No. 926064 ID: 977456

Investigate the dispenser for contamination, carefully and professionally. Anything could be hiding in there. If the contents happen to be disperse during the investigation, and no contamination is found, then they will, tragically, be unattended resources and confiscated for unforeseen mission-requirements.
Scout was never a marauder, he was just miscommunicating his methods of securing the potentially dangerous dispenser, and will work on his communication skills in future as he explicitly doesn't want to be executed as a marauder.

Use your rake to play hopscotch without stepping on near the thing.

Leave Tank at the junction to watch for trouble while you and scout investigate the factory.
>>
No. 926073 ID: 2202fb

>>926002
Oh toughen up, it is just gore. This isnt your first rodeo. I mean come on.
>>
No. 926076 ID: c7f906

Ask his wife's name, decide based on how rapid his response is.
>>
No. 926084 ID: e3e99e

>>926002
Inspect the dispenser for contamination.
If it's clear, then tell him we will take the medication with us for the sake of the mission, and if it is not needed to ensure the success of the mission then what will be done with it will be decided upon at the end of the mission.
If the medication is right there, and he believes he can get it by aiding the mission, then he will have quite a bit more mental fortitude. If it turns out WE need them in the future then they'll already be nearby.

While on the surface it may seem like marauding, the mission is to scout this area out. If you fail then none of the resources here will be available for anyone, so using a small amount of the resources to ensure success is acceptable.
More pertinently, he asked his commanding officer. That is explicitly not marauding.
>>
No. 926113 ID: 59ed7a
File 155280338367.png - (176.23KB , 758x452 , 999.png )
926113

>Ask his wife's name, decide based on how rapid his response is.
He answered immediately, like he actually was waiting for someone, for anyone to finally ask about his sick wife. He also showed you a picture and told you that she works as Junior Researcher at the Slime Research Institute about fifty floors away from where you live. That didn't really help, you only feel more personal about it now.

>Oh toughen up, it is just gore. This isnt your first rodeo. I mean come on.
It's not the gore, but what father must have felt doing it.
But you probably don't want to speak about it ever again.

>Investigate the dispenser for contamination, carefully and professionally.
The thing seems perfectly fine, and it still contain some pills.
You decide to let scout take it with you and you also explain him legal basis which may help him avoid marauding charges.
You see eyes behind his gas mask become more wet than usual.
>scout mental points +5

>Use your rake to play hopscotch without stepping on near the thing.
While you doing this you notice few smiles from your teammates. It's never a bad thing to remember to have fun every once in a while.

>Leave Tank at the junction to watch for trouble while you and scout investigate the factory.
You and scout enter the factory, and you hear light click. Suddenly scout jumps on you and push you out the door-way really hard, half a second before loud explosion almost deafening you.
You didn't see a hand-made bomb attached to a string in the factory's door-way it seems.
You look at one-legged scout trying to grab scattered pills back to his pockets while lying on the ground.
Looks like tank is trying to tell you something, but the only sound you hear is high-pitch noise.
Finally you understand that he's yelling that he hears something coming on the stairs.
What should you do?
>>
No. 926114 ID: cbdfa8

>>926113
1. open fire on the stairs.
because you have seen stuff come up the stairs before and it looked hella ugly.

or

2. aim, and be wary and ready to react at what comes up the stairs.
you dont necesarily have to kill every thing right? it might be something small and cuddly. you can take it home as a pet and souvenir.

I'd go for option 1
>>
No. 926116 ID: c7f906

Give him two grenades. Grab up the pills and tourniquet the wounded, then toss him over your shoulder- WE ARE LEAVING!
>>
No. 926124 ID: d1946d

>>926116
Seconding, use the medkit and let the tank take the hits of anything that appears, you and the scout have the gun and can injure any monster while the tank has the most armour, so, uh, it's the obvious choice, I guess.
>>
No. 926133 ID: e3e99e

>>926113
They already know you're here, so call out your identity and demand they enter the area slowly.
Aim at the stairs and prepare to open fire
>>
No. 926134 ID: 59ed7a
File 155282857778.png - (102.20KB , 455x345 , 000.png )
926134

>Grab up the pills and tourniquet the wounded, then toss him over your shoulder
You quickly stop scout's bleeding and return to lobby with his body on your shoulder. It's... lighter now.
You catch tank during stand-off with something human-like on stairs. It actually almost looks like a person, but with no hair. You hear many more of those running down the stairs to you. You can't run away fast enough with a body on your back. What should you do?
>>
No. 926136 ID: e3e99e

>>926134
Identify yourselves, order them to drop their weapon and put their hands on their head.

If they are human, we can extract intelligence from them and then send them along to be processed as survivors.
If they are not human, we still might be able to extract intelligence from them.
>>
No. 926137 ID: c7f906

Is that a mask?

Give the order to halt and identify yourself. Back toward the exit with Tank covering you. Do not hesitate for a microsecond to blow it away. If things look like they're going to get hairy, concrete off the threshold to the living quarters after you pass.
>>
No. 926159 ID: 977456

Hurriedly inform them that The Great Swirly rolled down the stairs, and they should do the same.
>>
No. 926165 ID: cbdfa8

>>926134
that symbol on their head is the same one on the wall near the live-cells. Maybe a cult or a mind control thing.

shout at it to do the dinosaur and if it doesn't open fire.
>>
No. 926217 ID: 59ed7a
File 155291793424.png - (138.25KB , 540x519 , 000111.png )
926217

>Is that a mask?
You wish it was a mask, carved spiral-like scar on the forehead looks horrifying.

>Identify yourselves, order them to drop their weapon and put their hands on their head.
You id yourself and order it to drop kid-rake on the ground, but figure do not move.

>shout at it to do the dinosaur and if it doesn't open fire.
You shout at it to do the dinosaur and finally see very human-like expression of pure confusion.
You decided to make a warning shot and figure nervously pull back. There are at least ten of them in your sight already and more are coming.

>that symbol on their head is the same one on the wall near the live-cells. Maybe a cult or a mind control thing.
>Hurriedly inform them that The Great Swirly rolled down the stairs, and they should do the same.
You think that they may be a human survivors, maybe some sort of cultists, and try to trick them into following The Great Swirly down the stairs.
Face of the figure in the front immediately lightens up, and they all pull up their left sleeves. You see horrible scars on each arm forming "Hail The Concrete Swirl" line.

>Back toward the exit with Tank covering you.
You start to backing up toward entry point and human figures immediately rush down the stairs as fast as they can completely ignoring you.
For a second you surprised with how stupid these fanatics became to got tricked so easily, but next moment you realize that they never understood you in the first place. They just wanted you to let them go down to escape the horror you attracted with explosion.
Unfortunately your stand-off took long enough and lots of them start dying right in front of your eyes, caught by avalanche of trembling terror.
You shoot but they die so quickly, impaled and burnt almost instantly.
They delayed the thing just enough for you to reach living-quarter, but not for tank. Covering your back he got caught in the door-way and you had to throw foam-concrete grenade in it.
Scout's last shot of mercy ended his agony.

You survived.

Statistic:
Turns survived: 6
Missions completed: 1
Civilians rescued: 29
Secrets found: 1/5
Girls kissed: 0
Liquidator rank: veteran
True love found: no
>>
No. 926227 ID: d1946d

This feels like Darkest Dungeon, but instead of local men ruining everything, it's your local alien swarm.
>>
No. 926235 ID: 977456

What is limb-replacement like around here? There must be enough off-cuts from broom-maintenance that scout can get a few jagged shards glued together for an improvised peg-leg...
>>
No. 926242 ID: cbdfa8

>>926235
i was thinking a rake/mop leg
>>
No. 926306 ID: 977456

>>926242
You would expend a whole mop on someone who couldn't even keep their limbs attached? They don't grow on trees you know!
>>
No. 926336 ID: e3e99e

>>926217
Scout may take any pills he saved to his wife.
This is an acceptable use of resources.
>>
No. 926337 ID: e3e99e

>>926336
Clarification:
He served loyally and suffered greatly for it.
Giving him what he needs sends the message that others should do the same.


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason