[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 650533)
Message
File []
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 20000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 3534 unique user posts. View catalog

File 143519256968.png - (73.38KB , 800x600 , June_Quest_Act_IV.png )
650533 No. 650533 ID: 1f8505

Expand all images
>>
No. 650535 ID: 1f8505
File 143519268614.png - (57.09KB , 800x600 , Previously_on_June_Quest Copy.png )
650535

PREVIOUSLY ON JUNE QUEST...
>>
No. 650536 ID: 1f8505
File 143519274046.png - (378.62KB , 1000x900 , A_Whole_Bunch_Of_Shit_Happened.png )
650536

Sarah Hanchett, a fledgling mineralogist, wakes up in a medical bay with mysterious psychic abilities. She discovers she is trapped aboard the UTR June, an exploration vessel in orbit around an unknown planet. After assembling a maintenance robot to help her, Sarah finds out she is not alone. A cryptic presence plagues her, along with a large number of hostile zombified crew members out for blood. Escaping the horde with the help of security officer Lt. Taylor, she makes her way to one of the June's bridges to meet up with the remaining survivors. Narrowly surviving an attack by a zombified crew mate, Sarah and the other survivors agree: they must escape the June as soon as possible. They locate a shuttle still docked, and ready themselves to make their way to their one avenue of freedom.
>>
No. 650537 ID: 1f8505
File 143519326405.png - (191.45KB , 1862x1459 , June_219.png )
650537

AND NOW THE CONTINUATION...

Lt. Cmdr. Jacobe: "Take only what you can fit in your pockets. We are traveling light, and we are traveling fast."

Jacobe readies his stun gun and taps a few keys on the main door's keypad, getting ready to open the door.

Lt. Taylor: "Stay behind us, folks. We're armed only with stun guns, so if we have to use 'em, we gotta move fast immediately after."

Elena: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Everyone turns and looks at Elena, who is shaking and pointing. I look to where she's pointing.

Lt. Taylor: "You have to be fucking KIDDING me."

Remember those zombies that Jacobe and Taylor bludgeoned to death before?
>>
No. 650538 ID: 1f8505
File 143519327522.png - (238.50KB , 1000x783 , June_220.png )
650538

THEY'RE GETTING BACK UP.
>>
No. 650539 ID: e114bc

>>650538
Alright from here on out just break their legs instead of trying to kill them. A crippled zombie is no longer a threat. Cover your friends while they go through the door. Psychic-shove the zombies away if they get close, using as little effort as possible so as not to tire yourself out.
>>
No. 650540 ID: d3be40

KEEP RUNNING.

Grab ANYTHING that looks like a scavenger's weapon - janitor's chemicals, sharp nails, folding chairs, but keep running! Once you get somewhere safe, START CRAFTING!
>>
No. 650545 ID: bd8b82

>>650539
they ignore wounds.

we need their heads basically pulped to stop them completely. throw something stupidly heavy at them. WITH YOUR MIND.
>>
No. 650552 ID: e114bc

>>650545
Ignoring wounds doesn't help when the wounds make you physically unable to move around.
>>
No. 650587 ID: b8ceae

>>650538
Your psychic power is powerful enough to throw people around. Apply it to their knee caps, and push back HARD.
If you can get their knees to buckle backwards then you'll be able to outrun them with a casual walk.
It'll take about as much force as if you gave them a solid hit in the knee with a baseball bat, so it'd be basically nothing compared to throwing around bodies around.
>>
No. 650611 ID: 57d76a

>>650538
What the hell is that coming out of his back.
If it's not part of his normal physiology maybe it's a weak point.
>>
No. 650757 ID: d4a543

If stunners do anything at all, grab something heavy and finish the job by shattering as many major structural bones and severing as many ligaments as can be clearly identified. If they get back up from that, scrounge for some caustic alkali or figure out how many bodies you can set on fire without completely overloading life support.
>>
No. 653621 ID: 1f8505
File 143624756185.png - (313.47KB , 1536x1185 , June_221.png )
653621

I thought the idea was to keep my powers secret from everyone else. I don't want to spook them, or make them think I'm part of the problem!

Everyone immediately runs out of the bridge door, save for Jacobe and Taylor who hold up the rear, stun guns drawn.

Lt. Taylor: "GET TO THE ELEVATOR! GO GO GO!"

Jacobe fires on a zombie, stun dart embedding itself square in the chest. The zombie violently shivers in place, momentarily paralyzed.
>>
No. 653629 ID: bd8b82

then be secret about it. make it look like the zamble triped by knock it's let out from under it.
>>
No. 653631 ID: e114bc

Making all the zombies suddenly a lot clumsier seems both funny and useful.
>>
No. 653665 ID: fab78f

>>653621
that guy does have a bloody leg, so make it look like it just gave in.
>>
No. 653672 ID: 1cebc8

Good News: Paralysis-type attacks work, implies pain-based attacks also work.

Bad News: Working nervous system implies IMPROVED Fast-Regeneration.

Telekinesis on the keypad, close the door!
>>
No. 653707 ID: 5f7625

You are gonna let these two die? Those stun darts are gonna do nothing and those two are gonna get killed and become more zombies, so I think hiding your new powers is a little lower priority than stopping that from happening.
>>
No. 653715 ID: b8ceae

>>653621
Close the door and lock it.
>>
No. 653720 ID: 066a87

How would mashing the keypad help?

Just remind them to lock the door. They'll have the keycode for it. You probably don't, do you?
>>
No. 653723 ID: bd8b82

we can super lock it with our powers. close and lock the door and then destroy the control system with a burst of telekinesis. to the mechanisms.
>>
No. 664055 ID: 36a5d8

Make sure everyone is inside before you seal the doors. No man left behind.
>>
No. 665562 ID: 1f8505
File 144087274985.png - (371.91KB , 1748x1640 , June_222.png )
665562

Lt. Taylor stuns the second zombie as it rounds the corner and runs for the elevator. As the first one starts to stand back up, Elena trips and falls to the floor. Lt. Cmdr. Jacobe runs back to help her up.

Cherie: "C'MON! C'MON! EVERYONE GET IN NOW!"

I stealthy trip the first zombified crew mate as he beings to lumber towards Jacobe and Elena. He falls flat on his face, buying the two precious time.

Right as Jacobe helps Elena hobble into the elevator, Devin hits the Door Close button. The door closes shut right as a zombie reaches the elevator.

The sounds of a zombie scratching at the door echo throughout the elevator cab, disrupting the tense silence.
>>
No. 665563 ID: e114bc

>>665562
Push butan. Which floor are we going to?
>>
No. 665572 ID: 1cebc8

Quick body count, then check for possible zombie entrances.

After you're sure that you have at least five minutes to make a decision, discuss what needs to be done and the various floors you can go to.
>>
No. 665597 ID: 9ddf68

so what floor are we going to and why has nobody pushed the button to it yet?
>>
No. 665598 ID: 3663d3

push button
>>
No. 670767 ID: 1f8505
File 144272885646.png - (22.07KB , 1315x879 , June_223.png )
670767

"We're heading to the Armory first, located at the Security Office. Deck 4."

I push the button for Deck 4. The elevator slowly descends, and the frantic scratching noise fades away.

Everyone breathes a sigh of relief. Elena, Cherie, Steven and I slide to the floor.

I guess now is a good time to see if I want to ask anyone about anything.
>>
No. 670773 ID: 2ccbb3

What's our long term plan now? Does anyone know where to find a maintenance terminal?

We need a better strategy for taking down zombies after what we just saw. Shoot the limbs?
>>
No. 670908 ID: 23495a

I want to know about Jacobe and Taylor. Lets ask about them.
>>
No. 670964 ID: 066a87

Taylor likes Sarah's boobs. Also he knows about her powers.
>>
No. 671558 ID: e4abe1

>>670767
before the door open use telekinesis to blast away anything in front of the elevator!
>>
No. 671906 ID: 066a87

>>671558
That's the opposite of keeping it secret!
>>
No. 672262 ID: e4abe1

before they open, so they don't see it happening...
>>
No. 673185 ID: 066a87

>>672262
There's viewing windows in the doors though.
>>
No. 674555 ID: 1f8505
File 144385347933.png - (103.77KB , 1070x1086 , June_224.png )
674555

"So, Taylor... been a professional security guard long? You seem very skilled."

Lt. Taylor: "Haven't always been a rent-a-cop."

Rent-a-cop? Seems he has a low opinion of his profession.

"I don't understand. You and Jacobe seem like professionals. Why would you say that about your job?"
>>
No. 674556 ID: 1f8505
File 144385348324.png - (138.09KB , 1000x869 , June_225.png )
674556

Lt. Taylor: "We used to be in the Republic Marine Corps, Sarah. Both of us serving in the same unit."

"Oh."

Lt. Taylor: "And now we're employed by Santanna Security. The lowest bidder of every single damn PMC out there. Out here to do nothing but babysit a bunch of test-tube polishing nerds."

Taylor looks at me, and then turns back to the elevator window.

Lt. Taylor: "...present company excluded, of course."

"Well, what made you leave the Marines and join Santanna Security?""

Lt. Taylor: "..."

Lt. Cmdr. Jacobe: "Er, I hope you'll forgive him, Sarah. It's kind of a sore subject. For both of us."




An awkward silence hangs in the air.
>>
No. 674573 ID: 2ccbb3

"We're in the middle of a zombie outbreak and you've kept us alive despite the hordes of regenerating infected. You're not losers, you're former professionals.

Which means that we're either in good hands or just assets for your long-term plan.

If you want us to trust in your experience and follow your strategy, you should tell us what happened and why. We're no strangers to the worst of humanity, compared to what we've seen here."
>>
No. 674574 ID: e4abe1

>>674556
Taylor know you can do some weird shit, sa to him you are going to do that and make sure he distract the other with some kind of motivational speak.
>>
No. 674576 ID: 0ed6e9

time to change the subject

ask what kind of things we can expect to find in the armory to help us not die... and also the likely hood of running into people who might of held up in the armory thinking the best place to wait for help would be in the same place with the most guns and ammo.
>>
No. 674580 ID: 066a87

>>674556
I didn't realize Taylor was wounded. Looks like a superficial scratch, but it should be taken care of as soon as possible.

>>674574
It's a small enclosed space and Sarah can only read minds, not project thoughts into them. At least, as far as we know. Maybe she can, or maybe she can make people's ears bleed if she tries. Experimenting seems risky at this point.

>>674573
Interesting approach, but not appropriate right now. Whatever they did wasn't bad enough for them to end up in prison. The skills they have will serve everyone, and it is in everyone's interest to work together to survive. I would drop the subject for now, instead of further stressing and shaming them by forcing them to relive and relate whatever got them drummed out.
>>
No. 686692 ID: 57f694

Move over to Taylor and read his mind. See if you can find out what his damage is.
>>
No. 707653 ID: 1f8505
File 145733207957.png - (87.41KB , 1400x969 , June_227.png )
707653

I'd rather not mind dive at this time. If he wants to tell us something, he'll do so when he's ready.

I do offer up some encouragement.

"We're in the middle of a zombie outbreak and you've kept us alive despite the hordes of regenerating infected. You're not losers, you're former professionals."

All Taylor does is chuckle softly to himself.

"Anyways... what kinds of weapons can we hope to find?"

Lt. Taylor: "Well, there are three security tiers in obtaining firearms. Alpha tier lets us access tasers, Beta tier lets us access handguns, and uh..."

Lt. Cmdr. Jacobe: "Gamma tier has either SMG's or shotguns, depending on if the contractor really wanted to spring for some. No guarantees though."

As the elevator comes to a halt and the doors open, Lt. Cmdr. Jacobe mutters "cheap bastards" under his breath.
>>
No. 707654 ID: e4abe1

>>707653
what's in there?
>>
No. 707655 ID: 3663d3

someone roll those canisters into a place where detonating them would kill the most shit without blowing a hole into space.
>>
No. 707656 ID: 5ad4a7

>>707653
Bullet holes in the wall? Who could have been here to cause that damage? Peek around the corner carefully.
>>
No. 707661 ID: 2ccbb3

Try to use your powers to detect threats. Nothing serious, just see if you can figure something out.
>>
No. 707762 ID: 52ed12

>>707653
Have a mirror? Look around the corner to see if anybody is manning that killbox they have set up there. If you see living people, have Lt. Taylor call out to them.
No mirror? Call-out.
>>
No. 707962 ID: 1f8505
File 145756550512.png - (289.53KB , 2000x890 , June_228.png )
707962

I can't really 'detect' anything, though I am not sure if that's because no one is there, or if I simply lack that ability.

Lt. Taylor calls out.

Lt. Taylor: "Hello? Anyone there? This is Security!"

Silence.

I venture out of the elevator.

Lt. Cmdr. Jacobe: "Whoa, Sarah, wait!"

The entire room is the remnants of a war zone. Ominous claw marks and bullet holes on the walls, blood spattered everywhere, equipment tipped over, bullet casings littering the improvised cover...

...but no bodies.
>>
No. 707968 ID: 5ad4a7

The bodies got dragged into waste management. It looks like whoever was fighting here was taking cover behind the uh... boxes there, and lost the fight.

First thing's first. Barricade Waste Management. Get those boxes or whatever against the door. Then go into security and arm up.
>>
No. 707975 ID: 2ccbb3

Something's wrong.

First and foremost, the blood. It's all the same fresh color of paint. That means, whatever happened to the corpses either happened recently or happened simultaneously. Weapons free, everyone.

Those two bloodstains near the vending machines look like some people were incapacitated while in cover. That is definitely a handprint, so there was probably at least one humanoid here.

Notice that there is no excessive explosion of blood near the entry points of each position; a few splattering flecks in the main warzone, probably gunshots or strong force attacks as there are no signs of excessive injury while in motion. For the two behind cover, there is no splatter at all, so they probably had a bleeding wound on the side they were dragged on because of the even distribution of blood.

What disturbs me is that the blood trails for the further corpses just STOP, which would mean that something prevented the blood from hitting the ground. Notice that the blood trail for the two cover guys stops around the same time that line-of-sight is available for anyone in the doorway.

A hull breach would seem likely, except there are shards of glass and shreds of the wall still on the floor, so even if all the solid objects contained pure iridium this scene wouldn't make sense.

My theory is that someone with psychic powers used "Pull" telekinesis to grab the bodies - but why? Maybe they were carrying loot?
>>
No. 708092 ID: b8ceae

>>707962
It looks like the survivors lost and were dragged into Waste Management, but it might have been a fighting retreat into Security. There could be people alive in there.
Can Wheelbot rig the Waste Management door controls so it can't be opened from the other side? You don't want to permanently seal anything since that would cut your options, but disabling the controls on their side would work.
>>
No. 723901 ID: 1f8505
File 146346053206.png - (174.32KB , 1200x806 , June_229.png )
723901

"Wheelbot, seal that door!"

"Dokie okie!"

Wheelbot proceeds to mess with the door panel. The rest of the survivors enter the room.

Elena nearly turns white upon seeing all the blood.

Cherie: "What a mess..."

Taylor and Jacobe wince at seeing the mess.

Lt. Taylor: "Man, Security really shot up the place. Blood, bullet casing, bullet holes..."

Lt. Cmdr. Jacobe: "Whatever they were shooting at, they obviously didn't kill it. More disturbingly, it didn't leave any bodies."

Devin: "Beardbeard's beard! This place is slaughterhouse!"
>>
No. 723902 ID: 5ad4a7

>>723901
Damn. Those canisters are explosive and ignite below 100 F, but only unstable if heated, so you probably can't just shoot them to blow them up. Find out what's in them, exactly. Health hazard is 3, so it'd be dangerous even if they leaked...
>>
No. 723903 ID: 094652

You need to find supplies and intel quickly. Map of the floor plz.
>>
No. 723940 ID: 952003

Proceed into the armory.
>>
No. 724129 ID: 1f8505
File 146354341086.png - (14.86KB , 984x617 , June_230.png )
724129

>>723903

>This is a map of the Security/Maintenance deck so far. There are supposedly two adjacent rooms to your left, which house the arms you're here to collect. To the right is where the water supply of the ship is distributed and wastewater is collected and recycled. Wheelbot has currently disabled the door.
>>
No. 724132 ID: f6442a

Vent those rooms to space, then enter.
>>
No. 724133 ID: 5ad4a7

>>724129
What's in the gas ganisters?
>>
No. 724146 ID: 5ad4a7

>>724132
Venting the rooms will also vent objects into space. We want the objects, so we shouldn't do that.
>>
No. 724208 ID: 2a7417

Enter, then vent those rooms to space.
>>
No. 726285 ID: 1f8505
File 146433966428.png - (188.85KB , 1916x1056 , June_231.png )
726285

"Anyone know what's in those canisters?"

Cherie: "Label says cyanuric quadrazide, probably used to clean out stuff in the waste management area. Tends to be kind of explosive, so watch it."

Oh good. Now I have potentially explosive containers to worry about.

I ask Lt. Taylor if there's a way to vent the next rooms into space.

Lt. Taylor: "'fraid not. There aren't any external doors or windows in the Security office. Also that sounds kind of dangerous."

Lt. Taylor goes ahead and attempts to open the door to the Security office. His repeated button pushing is met with a rejection noise.

Lt. Taylor: "Huh, that's strange. This door is locked from the inside. Only ones who could do that are other security personnel."
>>
No. 726286 ID: 398fe1

>>726285
Try knocking. See if they can hear you on the other side.
>>
No. 726287 ID: 38685c

>>726285
Explosives are an excellent way to vent things into space as long as you don't need that room after.
>>
No. 726350 ID: cd7ad1

>>726285
Get wheelbot to jack the door open.
>>
No. 726354 ID: 726a91

>>726287
Let's not blow up the ship.
>>726286
Try the ol' shave-and-a-hair-cut, and see if you get the response
>>
No. 732019 ID: 1f8505
File 146697680686.png - (184.77KB , 1563x974 , June_232.png )
732019

"Try knocking."

Lt. Taylor: "Worth a shot..."

Taylor gives the door the shave-and-a-haircut knock. To everyone's surprise, the door slides open.

"Huh, how about tha-"
>>
No. 732020 ID: 1f8505
File 146697681032.png - (192.81KB , 1563x974 , June_233.png )
732020

*BANG*
*BANG*
*BANG*

Gunshots echo from the room as three bullets strike the door frame. Taylor dives for cover, but out of complete surprise I just fall backwards on my butt.

An angry voice immediately follows the gunshots.

???: "YOU CAN'T FOOL ME, FUCKERS! YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!"
>>
No. 732021 ID: a075ba

>>732020
We're not zombies! And they don't want to take you alive anyways!
>>
No. 732055 ID: 398fe1

>>732020
Get to cover! Announce your name, and that you've sealed the other door. If he wants you can send wheelbot in as a diplomat.
>>
No. 732056 ID: b2d501

"CALM DOWN AND SAVE YOUR AMMO! LET'S JUST TALK!

You don't want to trust us, that's fine, but save your ammo for the advanced infected! We're getting off this horror film set, and we'll go through you if we have to!"
>>
No. 920997 ID: b5fb67
File 155010293458.png - (66.92KB , 1223x1137 , June_234.png )
920997

Holy SHIT! I almost ate a bullet! Man, a foot and a half to the right and I would not be a living-
>>
No. 920998 ID: b5fb67
File 155010293713.png - (65.66KB , 1194x1168 , June_235.png )
920998

Wait a minute, how long have I been on this floor? It feels like... years.
>>
No. 920999 ID: b5fb67
File 155010294113.png - (58.48KB , 1427x965 , June_236.png )
920999

A yelling voice snaps me back to reality.

???: "YOU HEAR ME?! FUCK OFF!"

Oh right, the crazy guy in the next room. I yell back to him.

"Hey! Listen! We're not zombies! We don't want to hurt you!"

???: "What?!"

I scoot over to the very edge of the doorframe and slowly peek in, being careful to keep my profile to an absolute minimum. Lt. Taylor is fiercely gesturing for me to get back, but I can't help myself.

In the back of the Security Office is a bearded man in a similar uniform to that of Taylor and Jacobe. He is behind several large overturned objects, presumably being used as cover. On top of that, he has a handgun, probably taken from the armory.

???: "How... how do I know I can trust you?! How do I know you're not some hallucination designed to trick me?!"

The man is clearly paranoid and probably terrified out of his mind. Can't say I blame him.
>>
No. 921000 ID: f41910

Has he been experiencing hallucinations?
>>
No. 921001 ID: afdebc

>>920999
...because if I was a hallucination, I'd either be a scary monster, or I wouldn't be wearing clothes.
>>
No. 921003 ID: 094652

Use pssshioNIC powers to take gun.

"Because either way, you're screwed. Now, are you going to shut up and get in line for the good screw, or are you going to act out and get the drill-to-the-brain screw?"
>>
No. 921004 ID: b1b4f3

>>920999
Eh, well, how about you toss him your hairtie. Or your shoe. That's physical evidence you're real.
>>
No. 921007 ID: 080aaf

>>920999
Even if we were hallucinations, you'd be wasting bullets shooting at empty air!
>>
No. 921013 ID: 2202fb

Seems like thread resuscitation is in right now...
>>
No. 921280 ID: 8eaf98

on the one hand, I was hoping for a finished story, on the other hand, the thread rez means I may still get that yet, just not NOW

potential good news YOU have the cool mind powers rather than the zombies, given it seems to want you to get those powers BACK what with that whole one flesh nonsense

For one our voices don't sound like artifacting.
>>
No. 922116 ID: b5fb67
File 155052695143.png - (127.12KB , 1485x1055 , June_237.png )
922116

I deftly slip a shoe off.

"I'm gonna throw my shoe at him" I whisper to Taylor.

Lt. Taylor (whispering back): "What? No! That's a stupid idea!"

"I'm gonna do it!" I whisper back.

Lt. Taylor hisses to me in a harsh whisper "Sarah no!"

"Sarah YES!" I underhand chuck my shoe towards the goatee'd man. It sails beautifully through the air before it smacks the man in the face.

???: "OW!"

I shout back to the man "Could a hallucination do that?"

???: "OKAY! Okay! Okay. You're not in my imagination. I'm coming out!"

Taylor peeks around the corner as the man holsters his sidearm and approaches us.

Lt. Taylor: "...Keel? Is that you?"
>>
No. 922117 ID: afdebc

>>922116
Well it's a good thing that worked, or else you wouldn't get that back, and you'd end up running through zombie goo without a shoe later.
>>
No. 922119 ID: e3e99e

>>922116
"If you're sufficiently convinced, we have a lot of distance to cover, a lot of work to do, and we need everybody who can aim and shoot ready to do so.

But before that, can you tell us about your hallucinations? We need more information about the threat, and that would be a useful datapoint.

Also, I need my shoe back."
>>
No. 922125 ID: 2202fb

>>922119
meh, just mind power it over
>>
No. 922147 ID: 06ac08

>>922125
We're trying not to spooked everyone with our telekinesis though.

Interrogate man about what he knows!
>>
No. 922533 ID: 5b93d3

>>922116
>I'm coming out!
Ask him to bring your shoe with him.
>>
No. 922737 ID: 8eaf98

>>922533
Seconding this.
>>
No. 923146 ID: b5fb67
File 155105829287.png - (485.35KB , 1885x972 , June_238.png )
923146

Keel: "Lieutenant Taylor? Gads, I can't believe you're still alive!"

Lt. Taylor: "I could say the same thing about you, Keel."

Keel hands me my shoe and smirks.

Keel: "Good shot, miss."

I give him a goofy smile as I slip my shoe back on. "Thanks."

Jacobe and the rest of the survivors enter the Security room. Keel is taken aback by the number of people in front of him.

Keel: "Damn, didn't know there were this many people left! Maybe there is hope..."

Jacobe files through the survivors and stands in front of Keel.

Keel: "Lieutenant Commander! Sir!"

Keel salutes, but Jacobe puts his hand up.

Lt. Cmdr. Jacobe: "At ease, Keel. I'm not concerned about pulling rank at this point. I just need to know what happened here."

Keel relaxes his stance as we gather around Keel, curious as to why the security deck is a mess.

Keel: "Yessir. So as you're probably aware, a great deal of the ships's crew started... mutating."

A heavy air seems to settle around us as we suddenly remember the situation we are trapped in.

Keel: "Many of the second shift security members gathered here to arm themselves and discuss what to do next. It was pretty fucked, a ton demanded to hightail it out of here and call for help, but a few wanted to stay and look for survivors. Alisa, Tristan, Marco, Helen, and Chakir voted to stay and look for survivors while the rest of us evac'd and called for help. They armed themselves and departed, so the remaining personnel, myself included, prepared to head to the shuttlecraft. But before that happened, we... heard whispers. It's hard to describe, kind of like..."

Keel starts to turn pale.

Keel: "...like someone poking the inside of your brain. I dunno. We all became scared as hell, some guys claimed they saw monsters out of the corner of their eye. But then that THING just..."

Keel trails off as his gaze wanders towards the Waste Management door. Visible beads of sweat form on his forehead.

Lt. Cmdr. Jacobe: "Keel?"

Keel looks back towards us.

Keel: "We need to get the hell out of here. Some kind of... thing might still be in the Waste Management area!"
>>
No. 923168 ID: 4fa176

Yeah we gotta get out of here. But first, get some guns! All of the guns.
>>
No. 923191 ID: 2202fb

>>923168
and armor and ordinance. Form a bucket brigade to get it out faster.
>>
No. 923447 ID: e3e99e

>>923146
"If you see or hear anything strange, say something. Even if you're sure your eyes and ears are playing tricks, and that goes double if you think it's a hallucination. It's less effort to check than fight off an ambush, and it's harder to fool two or three people than one.
The good news is that their shenanigans seem useless on machines. Ship systems have been sabotaged, but not suborned."
>>
No. 924284 ID: b5fb67
File 155167048855.png - (68.32KB , 1790x974 , June_239.png )
924284

Sarah turns to Keel.

"If you see or hear anything strange, say something. Even if you're sure your eyes and ears are playing tricks, and that goes double if you think it's a hallucination. It's less effort to check than fight off an ambush, and it's harder to fool two or three people than one. The good news is that their shenanigans seem useless on machines. Ship systems have been sabotaged, but not suborned."

Keel nods.

Keel: "Yeah, that sounds good."

Lt. Cmdr. Jacobe: "But first, let's get armed. These tasers don't do shit against these undead mutants."

Lt. Taylor nods and heads to the Armory door. He punches in a code and the door slides open. Lt. Cmdr. Jacobe walks in and heads straight to a large heavy-looking gun safe in the back. I follow behind him.
>>
No. 924285 ID: b5fb67
File 155167049101.png - (126.88KB , 1910x972 , June_240.png )
924285

At the safe Jacobe slides his ID card through the slot and punches in another code. The right-side door of the safe emits a heavy 'click' and the door opens. Inside are two long rows of panels, each denoted by a colored LED, some storage cases, and several boxes of 9mm ammunition.

Surprisingly spartan for a gun safe, I would think.

Jacobe looks down the rows of LED's and frowns. Then he puts a hand on his head. He seems visibly stressed.

Lt. Cmdr. Jacobe: "Folks, we got a problem: there are only three handguns left in here. Plenty of ammunition and magazines, but just three guns."

Taylor enters behind me as several survivors poke their heads into the Armory.

Lt. Taylor: "So what? That just means me and you are now armed. That's all that matters, right? Besides, there's bound to be more arms in the other side of the safe."

Lt. Cmdr. Jacobe: "That's the other problem: the other side of the safe won't open. Apparently I don't have high enough clearance for whatever's in there!"

Taylor gives a frustrated sigh.

Lt. Taylor: "Can't we force it open?"

Lt. Cmdr. Jacobe: "You know we can't do that without causing a lockdown!"

Taylor looks at the survivors.

Lt. Taylor: "Do we even know if they can handle firearms?"

Jacobe turns to the survivors.

Lt. Cmdr. Jacobe: "Hey guys! Who among you has ever handled a handgun? Gimmie a shout if you have!"

Devin: "I have! Spent 30 years in the Dwarven service, I know my way 'round a handgun."

Cherie: "My uncle took me hunting several times when I was a teenager, I can reasonably handle small arms."

I speak up next.

"My dad was in the Navy, and he taught me how to shoot. I had a .22 earlier before it got sucked into space."

Taylor turns back to Jacobe.

"Well, we got at least 3 other people who can handle a gun. How do we distribute these?"
>>
No. 924293 ID: 79b545

Try this: Taylor and Jacobe get a gun, and give Devin the third. Yhen ask about what the lockdown meand if we force the safe open.
>>
No. 924302 ID: e3e99e

>>924285
"Is there a safety pull to open the vault from the inside?"
Option 1: Psychic powers pull the safety and pop it open.
Option 2: Wheelbot! Do everything!
>>
No. 924311 ID: 5da03e

Before we risk triggering a lockdown, we should be ready to deal with escaping from one. What's the process for clearing a lockdown of the rooms? Gotta be something like an executive officer inputting an override to return the rooms to normal, but there might be a secondary way too in the event of the ship having met catastrophic damage and a lockdown being triggered by the damage. Might be as simple as some helpers on the outside of the lockdown having some tools and a little time.

Besides that, while Wheelbot's not secret at all (obviously) Sarah's powers aren't known to anyone but Taylor and Wheelbot. And luckily Wheelbot don't care, and Taylor thinks her powers are cool and she's hot. Others might not be so pragmatic, understanding, or unflinching.
>>
No. 924452 ID: 8eaf98

get details on lockdown, have wheelbot do all the things.
>>
No. 925009 ID: b5fb67
File 155200292347.png - (142.50KB , 847x1044 , June_241.png )
925009

"Well, I'd say give yourself, Taylor, and Devin the sidearms."

Lt. Cmdr. Jacobe nods and starts handing sidearms and magazines to the officers.

"So tell me about this lockdown. How does it work?"

Lt. Taylor turns to me.

Lt. Taylor: "So here's my understanding of it: the safe and lockers in the armory here are connected to a computer designed to detect intrusions or forced entry."

Thump

Lt. Taylor: "If forced entry is detected, the entryways to the elevator, armory, security room, and waste management are sealed by a blast door that comes down from the ceiling, like this."

Lt. Taylor makes a sliding door motion with his hands.

Thud

Lt. Taylor: "A signal is then sent to the captain about the break in and then they decide what to do next. Since the captain is... unavailable, I doubt any response can be sent to cancel the lockdown. Can't really cancel the lockdown from here as far as I know."

Thud thud thud

"Could Wheelbot bypass the security?"

Lt. Taylor: "Not likely. Maintenance robots aren't really allowed to tamper with secure areas of the ship."

WHAM WHAM

Lt. Taylor: "For fuck's sake! What is that noise?!"

Suddenly we get a panicked yell from Keel.

Keel: "LIEUTENANT! IT'S BACK! IT'S BACK!"
>>
No. 925021 ID: a819dc

Oh shit oh shit oh shit. Uh ok here is what we do; we need those arms so we gotta jam the blast doors open with the stuff lying around. Move stuff to door entrances and then raid that safe.
>>
No. 925031 ID: cbdfa8

I suggest aiming for the head.
it will get rid of its nerves system making it paralyzed. plus any brain matter lost will make its thing processes screw up and will eye sight will go away if the frontal lobe is shoot to hell.
>>
No. 925058 ID: 2202fb

>>925009
crush it with your brain
>>
No. 925097 ID: 5da03e

>>925009
We shouldn't fight it here. We're cornered here. We should run.
>>
No. 928626 ID: 8eaf98

Go check what it even is. It's on the way out anyway right?
>>
No. 930764 ID: b5fb67
File 155597103653.png - (81.20KB , 1630x971 , June_242.png )
930764

WHAM WHAM WHAM

The sound of metal being slammed grows louder as Jacobe barks orders.

Lt. Cmdr. Jacobe: "Grab that equipment and move it to the doors! We need to jam them so we can get the better weapons! Go go go!"

Taylor and I start moving a large piece of equipment to the Armory doorway while the others grab what they can in kind.

WHAM WHAM

The sound of metal being slammed turns into the sound of metal being bent. As soon as the equipment is in place, I dart into the entrance room and look at the door.

Keel: "We need to leave NOW! We don't have a chance against that thing!"

Lt. Cmdr. Jacobe: "The others didn't have access to additional firearms! We get them, we may have a better chance at survival!"
>>
No. 930765 ID: b5fb67
File 155597104129.png - (231.78KB , 1630x906 , June_243.png )
930765

WHAM

The door to Waste Management is being hammered. Something behind the door is punching large dents into the door, and has damaged the locking mechanism.

WHAM WHAM

My mind races. Whatever is behind that door is powerful, and a minute away from breaking through.

Possible courses of action:
-Trigger the lockdown now to potentially block off the threat
-Rush for the elevator (will not have time to get additional weapons)
-Barricade the Waste Management door with whatever's handy
-Fortify the Armory and wait for the threat in order to surprise attack it
-Other?
>>
No. 930767 ID: 0fae41

Barricade the Waste Management door with whatever's handy. Preferably something that will explode when the monster breaks through. Sticking around to witness that thing will not be good for your fellow survivors' sanity.
>>
No. 930772 ID: 8eaf98

>>930765
According to https://www.chemicalspill.org/diamond.html that canister contains something that has (from top to bottom) "3 Extreme Danger", "3 Flash Point below 73 F (Boiling point at/above 100 f) and/or at/above 73 F - not exceeding 100 F", and "1 Unstable if heated" it is stated earlier (in >>726285) that it is cyanuric quadrazide and that it "Tends to be kind of explosive"
So I suggest we get those to embrace their explosive tendencies once 'thing' breaks through the door. A subtle use of telekinesis should enable us to open them and a taser should be able to ignite it. Sadly we DO need to open it cause it isn't labeled an oxidizer too.
>>724129 Shows three separate canisters, it is too bad we need to hide our telekinesis cause it would be nice to save two of those three for potential later use. Actually, stupid idea: can we use the telekinesis to hold two of them together so they do not explode with the other one?
this is technically a specific execution of \/, I think
>Fortify the Armory and wait for the threat in order to surprise attack it
>>
No. 930815 ID: ae8ec4

>>930765
-Fortify the Armory and wait for the threat in order to surprise attack it
Prepare to blow that thing up with that cannister and a taser.
>>
No. 930828 ID: b1b4f3

Okay, if the lockdown causes blast doors to come down from the ceiling, we can slide shit under where they'd come down to keep them from blocking access to our egress. Which I believe are just the armory and elevator doors? We could keep the security room open as well if needed.

That would block off the monster AND give us access to the big guns. So let's do that.
>>
No. 930830 ID: b5fb67

Just a quick clarification for the situation that came up:

-There are extra guns (supposedly of shotgun or SMG types) in the left half of the gun safe
-The left half of the safe is locked and inaccessible through traditional means
-Forcing the left half of the safe open would trigger a Lockdown
-Triggering the Lockdown would close the armory, security, elevator, and waste management entrances with blast doors
-The blast doors can be wedged open with the furniture being moved into place
>>
No. 930908 ID: 8eaf98

>>930830
Dang, that would have been good to know earlier. Don't think there is time anymore though, plus the door dent will likely have a similar effect to furniture on the waste management door, probably best to consider triggering lockdown after the beast is dealt with at this point. I expected more murdery lockdown doors that don't stop for nothing!alternitively they are that strong but the furniture is stronger?
Also, ima potential dumb-dumb, shoot canister with a normal bullet (telekinetics to make sure it doesn't glance off?) to make a hole and shoot taser to ignite if necessary.
>>
No. 931714 ID: 8da6b4

I sure hope it has some strong guns hidden away!

I'd agree with most. Wedge what we need open, throw that lockdown, and prep for war. If the way to the elevator isn't blocked by then, dash for it.
>>
No. 934084 ID: b5fb67
File 155890290094.png - (115.69KB , 1221x969 , June_244.png )
934084

"We need to fortify the armory! Now! Whatever's banging on that door will be coming through any second!"

WHAM WHAM WHAM

Lt. Cmdr. Jacobe: "OK. Let's move as much stuff as we can in front of the Armory! GO GO GO!"

Everyone leaps into action, shoving anything they can in front of the entrances of the Armory and Security room. The hits to the Waste Management door become more and more intense...

...until it stops.

Keel, Taylor, Jacobe, and Devin run up to the hastily assembled battlements made for the Security door and draw their handguns. Everyone else ducks into the Armory room, except for me.

Keel: "We shouldn't be here, man! We had 10 guys attacking this thing before and we couldn't beat it! What hope do we have?!"

Lt. Cmdr. Jacobe: "Keel, not to disparage on the group, but most of them were just untrained mall cops with a superiority complex."

Keel: "That doesn't make me feel any better!"

Lt. Cmdr. Jacobe: "Shut up and focus!"

Suddenly, the loud sound of bending, scraping metal and glass breaking fills the air.

SKREEEEECCCHHH
>>
No. 934085 ID: b5fb67
File 155890290524.png - (388.24KB , 1602x831 , June_245.png )
934085

I peek out to see what the armed group are looking at, and HOLY SHIT.

Bending and pushing the Waste Management doors apart is an enormous, bulky, muscled humanoid with three heads. The flesh around it is warped and pulled, almost like it was fused into place.

Giant mutant: "GrgrgRGRGAAAAAAAARRGRRGRGGGGHHHH!"

It does not look very happy.

Possible courses of action:
-Open fire on it immediately
-Wait for it to move in closer, then fire
-Wait to see if it ignores the survivors
-Wait for it to move next to the containers, then shoot the containers
-Other?

Some appropriate theme music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhiGnj7QX2A[/spoiler]
>>
No. 934086 ID: 0fae41

Red barrels red barrels RED BARRELS
>>
No. 934087 ID: 8eaf98

>>934085
Why not open fire immediately then shift to shooting at the explosives once it nears them?
I see no reason not to, so do that.
>>
No. 934090 ID: b1b4f3

In real life, explosions are bad in a confined space. However let's side with video game logic this time and blow up the monster.
>>
No. 934138 ID: e8f59c

Canister label says stable but flammable at room temperature and dangerous. Shoot it, why not?
>>
No. 934141 ID: 8eaf98

hope we got our telekinesis ready to open that tank if bullets don't work and a taser to spark it
>>
No. 934143 ID: b17d74

Use telekinesis to wave the canister in its face! If it grabs the canister, ALPHA STRIKE! Otherwise it might not automatically attack and you should save your ammo.
>>
No. 934146 ID: e3e99e

>>934085
-Wait for it to move next to the containers, then shoot the containers
>>
No. 934810 ID: b5fb67
File 155961907008.png - (147.34KB , 1604x967 , June_246.png )
934810

"Hit the tanks! Blow that thing up!" I hiss over to Jacobe.

Lt. Cmdr. Jacobe: "Sounds good to me."

The giant zombie hesitates, standing in the destroyed doorway. Jacobe, Taylor, Devin, and Keel click off their safeties. Jacobe whispers to the others.

Lt. Cmdr. Jacobe: "Aim for that canister and blow that fucker up!"

Lt. Taylor: "Roger that."

Devin: "Aye."

Keel: "Oh man..."

Jacobe gives the order.

Lt. Cmdr. Jacobe: "LIGHT IT UP!"

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
>>
No. 934811 ID: b5fb67
File 155961907294.png - (32.26KB , 1033x754 , June_247.png )
934811

The canister takes several hits...

...but it doesn't explode. The rounds dent the cylindrical container but do not puncture or ignite it.

Keel: "Oh fuck! It didn't work! It didn't work!"

Lt. Taylor: "SHIT!"
>>
No. 934812 ID: b5fb67
File 155961907860.png - (442.11KB , 1439x1443 , June_248.png )
934812

The giant zombie immediately takes notice.

Giant zombie: "AAAAAARRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!"

The giant zombie starts charging towards us in an angry sprint.

Possible courses of action:
-Have them attempt to shoot out its knees
-Fire at will
-Jump out and attempt to use telekinesis to slow it down
-Bail out and head into the Armory
-Other?
>>
No. 934814 ID: 094652

Telekinesis the canister to trip the monster, then RUN LIKE HELL!!!
>>
No. 934815 ID: d4d69a

>>934812
Just discreetly telekinesis one of their top vertebra out of the back of their neck. Even if they dont die, that should paralyze them. Plus, you can just say one of the guns did it or it was a fluke.
>>
No. 934836 ID: 8eaf98

>>934815
Which neck?

There is a reason I said to have the telekinesis taser combo ready... =/

I doubt this thing feels pain, and seems to be made of muscle and I do not expect our bullets to break bones, not that this thing necessarily has bones, minor flesh damage seems like it will not do much to this fella. That said it still seems to be a flesh beast so I still think fire will be effective. so yea going to go with save lives now explain telekinesis later open canister with telekinesis, ignite with electric darts or tazer or whatever, fly new flamethrower with telekinesis, burn fleshbeast.
>>
No. 935555 ID: 29a731

If memory serves, this thing proper does have a weakness, but it's a well hidden one. The best bet is to set it on fire, but will the telekinesis be able to actually open the canister? And more importantly, will they be fast enough to shoot it when it opens, and not kill everyone...?


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason