[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 734610)
Message
File []
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 20000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 3813 unique user posts. View catalog

File 146809411151.png - (321.44KB , 1500x1500 , 1.png )
734610 No. 734610 ID: fba208

Chapter 2: The Chapter Where Shit Finally Happens


Chapter 1 - http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/722585.html
Discussion Thread - http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/99721.html
Expand all images
>>
No. 734611 ID: b2d501

FINALLY
>>
No. 734612 ID: fba208
File 146809461231.png - (479.62KB , 1500x1500 , 2.png )
734612

>>734610

Ann "Okay- oooookay. Everything is spinning, but I'm alive. You guys okay?"

Logan "I think I'm gonna be sick."

Gina "Not feeling good."

Ann "Yeah, I'm with you there."

Ann (Going through that portal was like riding a roller-coaster; except the cart was going so fast, that it was over in just a second. I guess that's the price of quick travel.)
>>
No. 734613 ID: 398fe1

Alright. Everyone test your powers to make sure they still work like they used to. New world can mean new rules.
>>
No. 734615 ID: f4dd03

>>734612
Yeah! Great job team! Alright as the guy above me suggested, power check (everyone cover their ears when it's Logan's turn). Is our connection to you guys still holding up well?
>>
No. 734616 ID: 79a07e

>>734613
>>734615

Agreed. Systems check, everyone, make sure you're all still good to do.

Once that's confirmed or deconfirmed, perimeter sweep, no one goes outside of clear visual range of each other at ANY time. If you can't make each other's faces easily, you're TOO FAR AWAY from each other.

Let's see what there is to see.
>>
No. 734617 ID: b2d501

That's it?

No warped geometries, no gravitational deviance, not even peanut-flavored air?

BORING.

Look around and find the nearest alien settlement.
>>
No. 734618 ID: 79a07e

>>734612
Oh, and deep breaths, everyone. Will help with that post-teleport nausea.
>>
No. 734829 ID: fba208

Reminder: No updates on Sundays. See you all tomorrow.
>>
No. 735026 ID: cb4760

...This is a silly thought, but what's to keep you guys from just stepping back through that portal? Or alternatively, that portal leading to the next tier?
...Wait don't we have a magic map or something? Well, if you don't should probably mark the portals location alongside any highly visible landmarks if there are any.
>>
No. 735233 ID: fba208
File 146826847499.png - (273.78KB , 1500x1500 , 3.png )
735233

>>734612

Author's Note: I'm thinking of using icons to make it more clear who's talking at any given point. Would you like that, or prefer me to remain iconless.?

>>734613
>Alright. Everyone test your powers to make sure they still work like they used to. New world can mean new rules.


>>734616
>Agreed. Systems check, everyone, make sure you're all still good to do.

>Once that's confirmed or deconfirmed, perimeter sweep, no one goes outside of clear visual range of each other at ANY time. If you can't make each other's faces easily, you're TOO FAR AWAY from each other.


Yeah, that sounds like a good place to start.

Ann "Hey, Gina, we should check to see if our powers are working."

Gina "Why? I don't see any reason that they wouldn't."

Ann "Who knows what sort of rules this world follows. Maybe something in the air will interfere with our abilities."

Gina "Eh, why not?" With those words, Gina enveloped her right hand in flames. The blaze wrapped itself loosely around Gina's hand; and she showed no reaction to the temperature, which would easily scorch anyone else. This was a surprise to no one, as Logan and I both knew about Gina's ability. Conjuration, manipulation, and immunity to fire. Gina really lucked out in the skill lottery.

In a far less impressive sight, I summon my book into existence. It looked the same as usual. No new text or anything else inside.

Logan "Looks like nothing has changed."

Gina "Yep." Gina extinguished her flames, and patted out the small bit that had caught on her sleeve.

Ann "Alright, the voices, (who we seriously need to find a better name for), suggest performing a perimeter sweep."

Logan "Not a bad idea, but I don't think that it'll be necessary."

Ann "Why's that?" Logan responded by pointing behind Ann. She turned around to see what looked like a walled off city in the distance.

Ann "Oh."

Gina "Perfect, we spawned in close to civilization. That definitely beats wandering around an unknown planet."

Ann "Wait, we don't know if the locals here are friendly. For all we know, they could be prepared to kill us on site."

Gina "Maybe, but they don't know that we're here yet. We can sneak in, and try to get a read on the people."

Ann "I see, that could work." I throw my book back out of existence. We'll need a plan if we want to breach the wall.
>>
No. 735248 ID: 398fe1

>>735233
Hang on, what's that floating above the city?
>>
No. 735257 ID: 15a025

Is that a person hovering above the city or something?
>>
No. 735259 ID: 79a07e

>>735233
>>735248

Yeah, there's definitely something up there. We're not great with perspective from our angle, but Instincts and paranoia make me think three possibilities:

1: Some kind of long-range security system. Seeing what little we see from our viewpoint, it seems like that city MAY be an oasis/isolated city. If they have trouble with bandits or raiders or the sort, that would explain such a feature. If that's the case, you may have already been spotted from word go. Best to try your best to play tourists (which you'd kinda be)

2: Some sort of power system for said city. Far less dangerous for you lot, no big deal.

3: It's something or someone headed towards you, in which case prepare yourselves to, hopefully, explain the situation in as peaceful a manner as possible if it's some sort of warden/guard. (Like I said, we can't quite tell.)

Either way, there's a bit of an issue- you'd need to get closer for us to have any solid plan of approach, since from what we can see it's basically a whole lot of nothing between you and the city walls after you get past those trees.
>>
No. 735288 ID: b2d501

You both seem tired. Maybe the portal is stressful on organic life?

Find cover. Until you learn something concrete about this planet, anything could be a trap. For instance, it's possible that the hunters on this planet interrogated most of the explorers, and then built an Earth simulation around the portal to keep superhero-class power users off guard, long enough for them to test / explain their powers so that the hunters can bring the HURT.

To that end, start taking apart tress and smashing rocks, minecraft style. Cover could also be a trap.
>>
No. 735303 ID: 79a07e

>>735288
A touch too paranoid there, kome.

But then again, you wouldn't be kome otherwise.
>>
No. 735397 ID: fba208
File 146835783836.gif - (185.72KB , 1024x1024 , 4.gif )
735397

>>735233

>>735248
>Hang on, what's that floating above the city?

Ann "Huh?"

>>735257
>Is that a person hovering above the city or something?

Gina "What's up, Ann?"

Ann "There's something above the city." Gina and Logan both stare above the town.

Gina "What is it?"

Ann "I don't know."

>>735259
>Yeah, there's definitely something up there. We're not great with perspective from our-

Ann "Wait, look. It's coming this way!" As the unknown object came closer, it's appearance became more clear.

Gina "Shit, it looks like a person. They must have seen us."

Logan "Are they hostile?"

Ann "I think we're about to find out."

This is bad. We don't know what to expect from this individual. It's pretty much a fifty/fifty chance that they either want us dead, or are just coming to greet us. What do you guys think we should do?
>>
No. 735398 ID: 398fe1

>>735397
Can't shoot first. Just find some cover nearby and prepare for battle. If they're friendly then it won't be a problem.
>>
No. 735400 ID: 79a07e

>>735397
Pretty much this. Find cover, ideally not too separated nor bunched together.
>>
No. 735410 ID: 15a025

Prepare battle stances.
>>
No. 735433 ID: b2d501

>>735397
The hell? Is that Gary Oak on a Nimbus?

Get to cover, do not engage until they open fire.
>>
No. 735782 ID: fba208
File 146852799513.png - (89.25KB , 1500x1500 , 5.png )
735782

>>735397

>>735400
>Pretty much this. Find cover, ideally not too separated nor bunched together.

Okay, I know that you said not to be bunched together, but we were short on time. This was the best we could manage.

Gina (Whispering) "Now what?"

Logan opens his mouth to speak, before Gina slaps her hand onto his kisser.

Gina "Sorry bud. We're not taking that chance right now." Logan stares at her for a moment, before nodding in agreement. He begins signing words to her.

Ann (Whispering) "What's he saying?"

Gina "Logan says that we should stay still, and come up with an escape plan for if things head south."

Ann "Sounds good."
>>
No. 735790 ID: cb4760

Hrrm.
Gina could throw down a wall of flames, that you guys then run away behind.
Hopefully our pursuer won't be able to deal with the flames easily. If he can, then maybe Logan or Ana try something.
Personally, I like this idea:
Gina throws down flames, you guys bolt to another piece of cover. Someone throws a rock/Gina moves the flames away in another direction, hopefully prompting the flyer to go after the flames while we sneak away. Sound good?
>>
No. 735963 ID: 08ed3a

Ann, ready a force shot to knock it out of the air, we wont aim to kill just yet.
Gina, should the figure or whatever it is prove hostile, you'll be up next, once it hits ground, you'll have to be ready with the fireball.
Logen... Well, be ready to practice that singing voice buddy but give warning before you let loose.
>>
No. 736721 ID: fba208
File 146886686319.png - (137.60KB , 1500x1500 , 6.png )
736721

>>735782

>>735790
>Hrrm. Gina could throw down a wall of flames, that you guys then run away behind. Hopefully our pursuer won't be able to deal with the flames easily. If he can, then maybe Logan or Ana try something. Personally, I like this idea:

>Gina throws down flames, you guys bolt to another piece of cover. Someone throws a rock/Gina moves the flames away in another direction, hopefully prompting the flyer to go after the flames while we sneak away. Sound good?

>>735963
>Ann, ready a force shot to knock it out of the air, we wont aim to kill just yet. Gina, should the figure or whatever it is prove hostile, you'll be up next, once it hits ground, you'll have to be ready with the fireball. Logen... Well, be ready to practice that singing voice buddy but give warning before you let loose.


Alright, sounds like a plan.

Ann "Guys, the voices gave me an idea. If we use our powers and catch them off-guard, then we can interrogate them."

Gina "You got something in mind?"

Ann "I'll use a gust shot from my revolver to knock them off the cloud thing he's on. Then, you can use your fire powers to surround them. If they manages to escape and tries to counter-attack, then we should try to escape. Logan, do you think that you could distract them with your power?" Logan nods his head in approval.

Ann "Perfect. Now, let me just ready my revolver and..." I stare down at the gun I've just removed from my pocket. Something occurs to me, which I should have realized before now.

Ann "Logan, you never gave me any ammo." Logan stares at me for a moment, and then facepalms.

??? "Eh, don't worry. It wasn't a very great plan in the first place." Everyone turns their attention over the rock towards the new voice. We see a large man sitting on a cloud with a cheery face.

Gina "Shit!" Gina ignites her right hand, and gets ready to attack.

??? "Whoa, whoa, whoa, no need for that. I'm just here to welcome you. No burning necessary." Gina puts out the fire.

Ann "Um, who are you?"

??? "My name is Polasarius H. Purt, but everyone just calls me Polo. Who are you guys?"

Ann "My name is Ann Pepper, this is Logan Faust, and the girl who almost incinerated you is Gina Cortez."

Gina "We assumed the worst when we saw you flying right at us. No hard feelings, right?"

Polo "Of course, no problemo. I get that all the time. I should probably put up a sign or something."

Ann "So... Is that cloud your power?"

Polo "Yep, good ol' Puff. Follows me around wherever I go."

Ann "Neat..." An awkward silence forms around us.
>>
No. 736722 ID: 398fe1

>>736721
Okay so ask what's up with Tier 2.
>>
No. 736723 ID: 79a07e

>>736721
Oh. Neato burrito.

Sup. So, what's this place all about? Is the city over there any cool to chill out in, or is it a wretched hive of scum and villany?
>>
No. 736726 ID: cb4760

Does the portal we went through let us go back to Tier 1 or is it one way-only?
>>
No. 736727 ID: aebd9f

Ok, lead the way polo!
>>
No. 736820 ID: b2d501

What's with that stupid key around your neck?
>>
No. 737064 ID: fba208
File 146897223998.gif - (162.93KB , 1280x1280 , 7.gif )
737064

>>736721

>>736722
>Okay so ask what's up with Tier 2.

>>736723
>Sup. So, what's this place all about? Is the city over there any cool to chill out in, or is it a wretched hive of scum and villany?

Ann "So, what's the city like?"

Polo "Oh, Town is a pretty nice place. don't worry, the people there won't discriminate against you just because you came from Tier 1. Here, I can take you there on Puff. Hop on." We all look at Puff. Polo is already taking up eight percent of its sitting room.

Gina "That cloud looks a little small for the three of us AND you."

Polo "Maybe now, but just watch." Polo hops off of his cloud. He grabs one end, and pulls on it. The cloud stretches, until there's enough room for all of us.

Ann "That's pretty sweet." I add a mental tally to the long list of people with much cooler powers than me.

Polo "Thanks, now climb on." We all join Polo on his cloud, and he slowly raises it into the air.

Polo "Don't you worry. Town is full of amazing people. You'll find everything you need there. Food, shelter, friends, work, etc."

Logan "Wait, is the city's name Town?"

Polo "Yep. It was named after Harl Town, the founder of the city. Legend says that he built the surrounding wall with nothing but his own two hands."

Ann "Seriously?"

Polo "Nope. The founders were just terrible with names."

Ann "Ah." It has become readily apparent to me that our tour guide is a goofball. That's definitely better than other alternatives.

>>736726
>Does the portal we went through let us go back to Tier one or is it one way-only?

Logan "Guys! Look!" More mind would have been paid to his words had he not used his ear-splitting voice. Polo almost falls off of Puff in shock. I reflexively throw my hands over my ears. Gina Seems unfazed by it. She spends the most time with Logan, so this isn't too surprising. Logan realizes his blunder, and covers his mouth with his hands.

Polo "Wow kid... You have, quite a way with words."

Gina "What were you trying to draw our attention too?" Logan doesn't speak, but instead points down at the area we came from. We realize that the portal that we came through has vanished.

Ann "Where'd the gate go? It was right there a second ago."

Polo "Oh, it shut."

Ann "What?"

Polo "Yeah, see, that was a temporary opening. It only appears to release the matter that travel through. In this case, that would be you guys. That's why you don't hear stories of people who go to higher Tiers and then returned. At least not on Tier one."

Gina "So, there's no way back? We kind of expected that already, but is that the case or not?"

Polo "Well, with other Tiers, there tend to be two gates. One goes up, another goes down. Scalata is the gate of climbing Tiers, and scendere is the gate of sliding down Tiers. As of now, the scendere gate for this Tier hasn't been found. We can't confirm that there is one either. We only assume that there is because that's the case with every other Tier."

Ann "Well... Any chance is better than no chance."

Gina "Is the scalata gate anywhere close to the city? We don't plan on staying for too long." Polo stays silent for a moment. It isn't long, but it's just enough to raise a warning flag in my mind.

Polo "We can talk about that later. For now though, our main objective is showing you three around Town."
>>
No. 737072 ID: 79a07e

>>737064
Hm. Fair enough.

Alrighty, then, things to keep an eye out for: Market, Inn-like area, quests, intel. Pretty much all the stuff Polo said.

Obviously he's hiding something, but let's not press. We'll see about it after we've availed ourselves of his hospitality.
>>
No. 737075 ID: 398fe1

Do powers ever change when you get to the higher Tiers?

Would he happen to know anyone who has a talent for analyzing or augmenting powers?
>>
No. 737096 ID: b2d501

Map out the area with your gear, if possible.
>>
No. 738186 ID: fba208
File 146931893825.png - (176.07KB , 1500x1500 , 8.png )
738186

>>737064

>>737075
>Do powers ever change when you get to the higher Tiers?

>Would he happen to know anyone who has a talent for analyzing or augmenting powers?

That's a good question. Maybe I can figure out what my book does. Now doesn't seem like the best time though. He'll want to introduce us to plenty of new locations, people, and customs already. I'll pop that curiosity when we have some down time.

We pass over the first walls of the city. The walls stretch on for what looks like miles. As I'm following the stone lines, I spot something of interest...
>>
No. 738194 ID: fba208
File 146932002973.png - (111.44KB , 1500x1500 , 9.png )
738194

>>738186

In the distance and close by to the walls, there is a massive castle. Is Town a monarchy? The walls wrap around the stronghold's land, separating it from the rest of the city.

Ann "Hey Polo, who is the king of this place?"

Polo "We don't have one. Never have."

Ann "Then who lives in that castle?"

Polo "Oh, that's where Prattford lives."

Ann "Who?"

Polo "Prince Gregory Prattford, he's the guy in charge of this city. He and his guards live in that keep. Everyone else keeps out."

Gina "Booooooo."

Polo "Hey, knock it off, or else I'll keep it up."

Ann "Wait, so he's a prince? Why doesn't he just take the title of king."

Polo "Because while there isn't a king, we do have a queen."

Ann "Does she live in an even bigger castle somewhere else?"

Polo "Yep, she lives all the way up at Tier six. She's in charge of all of the Tiers. Except the first. Earth isn't in her control as of now."

Gina "All of the Tiers are ruled by one woman? Geez, that's gotta be one crazy job to manage."

Polo "Actually, Tier four is also outside of her control. Nobody is in charge of that planet."

Ann "I have many questions about how your government works."

Polo "And I'll be glad to answer them; but not now, we're here!"
>>
No. 738196 ID: 398fe1

Whoa whoa whoa wait a second. Is tier 6 our goal or is tier 7 the goal? I mean is the Queen the witch, or is she just in charge of all the tiers BEFEORE you get to the witch?
>>
No. 738197 ID: 1f2597

So a medieval society, interesting. I wonder if we will have to face off against the prince to move on to tier 3
>>
No. 738199 ID: fba208

>>738196
>Whoa whoa whoa wait a second. Is tier 6 our goal or is tier 7 the goal? I mean is the Queen the witch, or is she just in charge of all the tiers BEFEORE you get to the witch?

(There are only six tiers. Earth was the first, and now we're on the second.)
>>
No. 738963 ID: fba208
File 146966588506.png - (239.05KB , 1500x1500 , 10.png )
738963

>>738194

>>738197
>So a medieval society, interesting. I wonder if we will have to face off against the prince to move on to tier 3

My gaming mindset can't shake off the feeling that he'll end up being the boss of this tier. Maybe I'm being silly. We haven't met him yet. Maybe he's a really nice man.

Also, I don't know if this is a medieval society. I can see why you'd think that, with the castle and all. A lot of the other buildings look like the type I might see at home. I turn to ask Logan his thoughts on the city, but he appears to be staring intently at the buildings already. I'll give him some time to gather his thoughts.

We land near the top of a hill, and right in front of a building. It's a dark structure with a lightning rod coming out of the roof. It stands out from many of the other structures in the area.

Gina "Ah, looks inviting." Gina then hops off of Polo's cloud, and shoves her hands into her sweater pocket.

Polo "This is my friend Wilson's house. He's gonna help get you guys settled in."

Ann "What do you mean by that?"

Polo "Well, you don't have anywhere to stay for the night. You don't have any legal tender for this Tier. You don't know how to read the local alphabet; and you don't know the area."

Logan "Honestly, we're still happy that we survived the trip."

Polo "That's the spirit. So, that's the case with everyone who comes here. So me and a few of my pals got together, and organized a way to handle travelers, such as yourselves."

Ann "Hey, wait a minute. Are... Are you from this planet?"

Polo "Yeah, why?"

Ann "But, you're a human?"

Polo "Eh! Wrongo! But that's okay. Everyone gets confused about the species thing. It's because of the fact that our planets are so similar. We ended up evolving in almost the exact same fashion. I think that there are a few minor differences, but otherwise we're the same."

Logan "If you're not a human, than what is the name of your species?"

Polo "I'm a sharian."

Logan "A sharian?"

Polo "No, it's pronounced 'shaw - ree - in'."

Logan "Okay, gotcha."

Ann "Hey, I meant to ask on the way here. What's the name of this planet?"

Polo "Drellsden."

Ann "Huh... Why is it called Drellsden?"

Polo "Eh, it has to do with century old mythology. Drells are man-sized insects, who-"

Gina "Enough! No more exposition. Please? Let's just talk to Willy, get ourselves situated, go to sleep somewhere, and head out the gate to Tier 3 in the morning."

Ann "Are you sure Gina? We could follow this train of questioning all the way to the origins of the sharian alphabet."

Gina "Later. I'm just saying that we need to pace this shit out. I'm sure that there are thousands of things that Polo could tell us about this place; but we should keep it on a need to know basis for now."

Logan "So, would now be a bad time to question Polo on the current state of agricultural development?"

Gina "Yes, Logan. That is the perfect example of a question you shouldn't ask right now."

Polo "I'll tell you about it later kid. For now, let me introduce you to your other guide for this Tier."
>>
No. 738967 ID: 398fe1

>>738963
Psst. Gina. If the Queen rules over the last tier, that means she's probably the Witch! If you're asked why you're climbing the Tiers, just say it's tourism/adventure. If they don't believe you just say you know your shitty powers have no chance of defeating the Witch.
>>
No. 738970 ID: b2d501

Make sure you hold your fire UNTIL you feel threatened. Whoever is behind that door could have anything for a face.

> Century old mythology
That does NOT sound very ancient. How long do these guys live?

> Cupcake store
@#$% YES
>>
No. 739074 ID: 1f2597

Now that I look at it, there is a slight difference in skin tone. Eh, moving on. Is this our guides house?
>>
No. 739350 ID: fba208
File 146982905720.png - (166.38KB , 1500x1500 , 11.png )
739350

>>738963

>>738967
>Psst. Gina. If the Queen rules over the last tier, that means she's probably the Witch! If you're asked why you're climbing the Tiers, just say it's tourism/adventure. If they don't believe you just say you know your shitty powers have no chance of defeating the Witch.

Oh, great, the voices are back. Two things, firstly, My power kicks ass. Don't dis it, else I'll be forced to prove this indisputable fact. Secondly, you're probably right. I don't know how cool Polo would be with us scheming to kill his queen. Then again, if he's done this tour guide thing before, he should have already figured out that most people are coming here for that reason. I'll check with Ann and Logan whether or not they want to be completely honest when we're alone.

>>738970
>Make sure you hold your fire UNTIL you feel threatened. Whoever is behind that door could have anything for a face.

Don't just assume that I'll scorch whoever is behind that door. I'm not an idiot. I'll be ready for anything, and I'll react appropriately.

> Cupcake store
>@#$% YES

Indeed.

Polo knocks on the grey house's grey door. The dull color reminds me of my room. My room was completely renovated for my power. Every wall, ceiling, and floor is made of steel. It's impossible to set the house on fire from in there, and I take full advantage of it. True, I have to be careful around anything I want to keep in there; but that's the price you've gotta pay for comfort.

The door opens, and a blonde man stands in the opening.

Wilson "Oh, hey there, Polo. What's up?" He then notices the three of us behind his decently overweight friend. He gets a strained expression on his face. Polo immediately notices.

Polo "Don't worry, you haven't met before." That sentence caused Wilson's to mellow out.

Wilson "Sorry, I'm not great with names or faces, so I wasn't sure if I was supposed to know you or not. My name is Wilson Dreygat."

Ann "My name is Ann Pepper. This is Gina Cortez and Logan Faust."

Polo "They just came here from Earth. I was hoping that you could finish settling them in."

Ann "Hmm? Are you not going to stay, Polo?"

Polo "Sorry, but I need to stay on watch for other travelers. My power makes it easier for me to get to the gate faster than anyone else; so I need to be available. If I'm with you three, then I can't abandon you." Polo shrunk his cloud down to the size it had been when we first met him.

Ann "That makes sense. Well, thank you for bringing us here."

Polo "No problem. I'll be in town." Polo waved at us, and then flew away on his fluffy chair.

Ann "You'll be in town? What happened to keeping an eye out?"

Gina "He didn't say that. He just said that he'd be available. Remember the watchtowers we saw nearby the walls. They probably have someone watching the gate, who can quickly get that info to Polo. Maybe it's a power. Maybe they just have a flare gun."

Ann "Oh, I get it. Then his job is just to be able to stop whatever he's doing and fly to the gate at any time."

Gina "Right." With that cleared up, we all turned our attention to Wilson.

Wilson "So, what do you want to do first? We could go to the inn where you'll be staying, or go get some grub. You're choice."

Ann "Neat, I wasn't sure how they treated people from Tier 1 here. I was worried that we'd have to camp out in secret originally. An inn is much better than that."

Wilson "Well, after the fortieth traveler came out of the gate, the people in charge realized that we had to do something. A friend of mine, Trekker, was actually one of the people in charge of solving that problem. The inns were her idea."

Gina "Are they free, cuz unless you accept dollars and cents..."

Wilson "They're free for the first two weeks. After that, you have to either start paying for your room, or find somewhere else to stay."

Wilson "Also, you never answered my question. Where do you want to go first?"
>>
No. 739359 ID: 79a07e

>>739350
Let's get settled. Also, sorry, Gina. We think your powers are awesome, I think that one voice just meant to phrase it as if you were playing yourself down to anyone who asks in order to lower suspicion/underestimate you.

Also, sorry about the assuming thing. We do this a lot, and some folks are less...capable of regular decision-making than others, regardless of attitude. It tends to take us a while to feel out any particular individual's level of mental competency.
>>
No. 739382 ID: b2d501

... Are we going to meet a Guile knockoff in every Tier?

Small community. Ask for a town map and a world map. You'll want to do some sidequests while things are still easy, make sure nothing you leave behind comes to butcher their way through the cities.

Also, can we get a merchant guide? Finding the right job and supplies is important. And so is haggling to prevent a ripoff.
>>
No. 740158 ID: fba208
File 147016261707.png - (111.70KB , 1500x1500 , 12.png )
740158

>>739350

>>739359
>Let's get settled. Also, sorry, Gina. We think your powers are awesome, I think that one voice just meant to phrase it as if you were playing yourself down to anyone who asks in order to lower suspicion/underestimate you.

Fine, I'll accept that apology for now; and I agree with you, we should get settled in.

Gina "We should get some lodging first. It was night when we left, and I'm pretty beat."

Ann "I agree. Let's get some shut eye, and explore the town more in the morn..."

Ann "Hey, Wilson, what time of day is it now?"

Wilson "It's about late-afternoon."

Ann "If we go to bed now, we'll probably wake up before the crack of dawn."

Gina "Would that be an issue?"

Wilson "Don't worry about it. I'll take you to the inn. They have packages for guests that help get you situated in Towne."

Gina "Cool whatever, let's go. If we have to go through any more exposition dumps, I'm gonna hurt someone."

We walk down the hill, and make a right. We end up on what appears to be a dirt road. There are houses along the side of it. After what feels like a mile, we reach the inns.
>>
No. 740159 ID: fba208
File 147016268629.png - (204.11KB , 1500x1500 , 13.png )
740159

We go inside, and Wilson walks to the front, we all follow suit. A woman with pale skin and blue hair sits at the counter.

Wilson "Hi, I'm here to admit three new guests."

Blue "No problem. What are their names?" Wilson opens his mouth, and then turns back towards us. Ann picks up on his dilemma, and answers the woman's question.

Blue "Alright, now, I just need them to fill out this paperwork, and then we'll be good to go." She hands Wilson a few clipboards with paper on them. He hands them over to us. Logan and I grab pens off of the counter, and Ann uses her power to summon her pen. The forms are simple questions about us. It wants to know our weight, sex, powers, age, etc. Basic stuff. We fill it all out, and hand it back to the woman.

Blue "Perfect! Here's your room key." She hands Wilson a key. "And here are your Care Packages." She takes three envelopes out of a box, and hands them to us.

Ann "What's in these?"

Blue "Those envelopes contain a map of Towne, a two week visitor permit that grants you free access to many neccessities, and a short list of job offers in the area."

Gina "What room are we in?"

Blue "You're in room 322. Third floor on the right."

Ann "Thank you." We walk away from the counter. We open up our envelopes to confirm that everything is in there. It's exactly as she said.

Wilson "Alright, do you want me to stay for now, or should I go?"

Gina "We're going to bed, so feel free to leave." Wilson nods, and then walks out the front door.

Ann "It'll be nice to lay down, and take it all in."

Logan "My mind is still questioning everything that's going on."

Gina "It'll be easier to do that when we're well rested."
>>
No. 740161 ID: 79a07e

>>740159
Have a good one, Gina. Gut feeling, tomorrow's gonna be a real interesting one. Beyond what's already happened, anyway.
>>
No. 740491 ID: fba208
File 147036567646.png - (303.84KB , 1500x1500 , 14.png )
740491

>>740159

ALL SUITABLE PLAYERS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE...

ESTABLISHING CONNECTION TO DREAMS...

PLEASE SELECT A CHARACTER TO VIEW [CANDIDATES: LOGAN_FAUST, ANN_PEPPER, GINA_CORTEZ]:

(_)
>>
No. 740492 ID: b2d501

Gina. Let's see if she has fantasies of being a mythical being that brings her fire skills to astronomical heights.

[Djinn]
>>
No. 740493 ID: 79a07e

>>740491
...Hoo boy. This is what we call 'a massive violation of privacy.

Iiiii do not feel comfortable picking anyone.

[Random]
>>
No. 740550 ID: fba208

rolled 1 = 1

>>740493

Here's how I'll handle random votes. We'll do a quick die roll for them. 1 is Ann, 2 is Logan, and 3 is Gina. Your vote should be listed above. Unless I messed this up.
>>
No. 740556 ID: 2f5847

Gina, because she seems the least methodical.
>>
No. 741157 ID: fba208
File 147070297771.png - (310.78KB , 1500x1500 , 15.png )
741157

>>740491

(GINA CORTEZ_)

CANDIDATE SELECTED. CONNECTING...

CONNECTING...

...

I'm cold.
>>
No. 741161 ID: 398fe1

Make fire, that's what you do!
>>
No. 741162 ID: b2d501

Then set your ass on fire, cause... wait it isn't, nevermind.

Actually, can you aim right in front of you?
>>
No. 741346 ID: fba208
File 147085742730.png - (336.60KB , 1500x1500 , 16.png )
741346

>>741157

>>741161
>MP2S fRtE TRMGS WHUT PgO @J!


I don't understand what that is! Where is that coming from?


>>741162
>T^SD S5T YGhS SAA 3S TsFW IF!$S... PsB# Ua TASS GRVgM(IGH.

A%CwTU!P CNT GIN %%% APRqG IN FR@ES OD Y##?


I'm confused, and... so cold. I'm going to freeze if I don't do something. i just want to feel warm.

Warm.
>>
No. 741357 ID: fba208
File 147086007342.png - (415.59KB , 1500x1500 , 17.png )
741357

>>741346

WARM!

YES! THIS FEELS SO RIGHT!

I'M FINALLY WARM!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ann "AAAAAAAAHHHHH! Gina! You're on fire!"
>>
No. 741358 ID: 398fe1

Gina stop making fire in your sleep.
>>
No. 741426 ID: b2d501

GINA has evolved into [???]
>>
No. 741549 ID: cb4760

YO G!
YOU GON BBQ YO BROS YO!
>>
No. 741855 ID: fba208
File 147103956759.png - (371.79KB , 1500x1500 , 18.png )
741855

>>741357

Gina "Oh, good morning Ann."

Ann "AAAAAAAAHHHHH!"

Gina "Boy, I slept well. How about you?"

Ann "Gina! For the love of God, extinguish yourself."
>>
No. 741868 ID: 24100f

>>741855
Gonna need asbestos sheets.
>>
No. 741894 ID: b2d501

I'm guessing those clothes are fireproof.
>>
No. 741968 ID: 680c4b

...Wild question: Gina, feel any different from yesterday?
>>
No. 741976 ID: 79a07e

>>741855
Uhhhhhh...Gina. Gina. You're...yeah, you're lit up a bit much.
>>
No. 742011 ID: fba208
File 147112932616.png - (329.48KB , 1500x1500 , 19.png )
742011

>>741855

>>741976
>Uhhhhhh...Gina. Gina. You're...yeah, you're lit up a bit much.


I sit up, and slowly bring the palms of my hands together. The fire follows my motion, and collapses into itself. When my hands meet, the flames are smothered.

Gina "Better?"

Ann "Much better. I hope that we're not expected to pay for replacing any of the furniture that got scorched by your flames."

Gina "Eh, I'm sure it happens all the time."

Ann "You're not going to do that every time you go to sleep for this whole adventure, right?"

Gina "Probably not."

Ann "Great, very reassuring."
>>
No. 742013 ID: b2d501

Given what you were yelling in your sleep, it seems that powers manifest based on a childhood trauma. My guess is: Ann was bludgeoned into the hospital by her mother with a complex book that she couldn't understand, Gina's parents forgot to turn off the thermostat one night and she nearly froze to death, and Logan was rendered mute during a nightmare and wanted to scream for mommy.

So we're in agreement: stop flaring up during [fuzzy-wuzzies aw owva]. Try crafting / purchasing an alarm clock that activates at temperatures of over 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
>>
No. 742031 ID: 79a07e

>>742011
Appreciate that.

Also >>742013 is literally insane if you haven't figured it out.

At any rate, hope you slept alright despite whatever that was. Was hoping to ask a question or two about yourself if you were alright with it, still understandable if you're not.

Either way, I'm curious what these folks have in the way of breakfast.
>>
No. 742922 ID: fba208
File 147146520139.png - (550.09KB , 1500x1500 , 20.png )
742922

>>742011

>>742013
>Given what you were yelling in your sleep, it seems that powers manifest based on a childhood trauma. My guess is: Ann was bludgeoned into the hospital by her mother with a complex book that she couldn't understand, Gina's parents forgot to turn off the thermostat one night and she nearly froze to death, and Logan was rendered mute during a nightmare and wanted to scream for mommy.

>So we're in agreement: stop flaring up during [fuzzy-wuzzies aw owva]. Try crafting / purchasing an alarm clock that activates at temperatures of over 150 degrees Fahrenheit.


...

What the fuck are you on about?

The reason that I ignited myself in my sleep, is because I was fucking cold. That's the downside of having fire powers. If I'm not constantly on fire, then I get cold. Why do you think I was wearing a sweater? Nothing that just took place had anything to do with childhood trauma. That's not how powers work. They're biological, not psychological.

I'm pretty sure that I mentioned my room earlier. Remember? Steel walls, floor, and ceiling; made explicitly so that I could use my powers in it. Normally, when I go to bed, I cover myself with a blanket of fire. I didn't do that here, as this room isn't fireproof. My body probably just did followed its instincts, realized that it was frigid, and took action to regulate my temperature. Simple as that.


>>741894
>I'm guessing those clothes are fireproof.


Obviously.


>>742031
>At any rate, hope you slept alright despite whatever that was. Was hoping to ask a question or two about yourself if you were alright with it, still understandable if you're not.

>Either way, I'm curious what these folks have in the way of breakfast.


Feel free to ask questions. Just know that I don't have to answer them if I don't want to. Also, I'll kick you out of my brain if you annoy me.

As for breakfast, I packed myself a week's worth of food. I'll put off trying alien food for the moment. Even if it's not too different from what I'm used to, I'll wait for one of my good friends to try it out first.
>>
No. 742923 ID: cb4760

...I guess even powers that seem to be a whole set aren't necessarily without drawbacks.

Logan Ana, you, even that Polo fellow...The Powers you get shape who you are.

So that makes me wonder...Who is the Queen and what power would she have, that she's such a threat? Well, I'm sure we'll learn as we go.
>>
No. 742925 ID: 9876c4

Ok, I've got one. Did you like setting fires before you got your powers?

>"Oh man, sociopaths are always pyromaniacs, lol."
But no, that's not what this is about.

I mean, in comparison to your friends, who run from learning to live with their new gifts to being really inconvenienced by them, you seem to have stuck a chord with yours. Is that a fair assessment?
>>
No. 742946 ID: 79a07e

>>742922
Appreciate it, thanks. Nice logic with the food, too. Apologies in advance- us Voices don't exactly have direct influence over each other, so in short, I can only speak for myself.

Anyway, I was just curious about you in general. You seem like someone who knows themselves well, so a couple of things in particular I'm wondering.

One is, have you've been in a lot of fights before? Not in a delinquent way, mind. I ask because Logan seemed to speak highly of you, and you were quick to his defense. He said that essentially you were the sort who'd back their friends up come hell or high water, and considering Logan's issue, I'm curious how many times you'd had to do that. He's cool, so regardless of the answer, glad you did. (You seem like you'd do well in a boxing ring, in my opinion...)

The other one is about your powerset. Sorry if I'm a bit one-note, but I'm curious as to the extent of your abilities. You can obviously light up as needed personally, but can you, say, expel fireballs and the sort, or cause remote combustion? Just trying to get a clearer picture of that, so thanks for putting up with us so far.
>>
No. 743524 ID: fba208
File 147174141319.png - (315.07KB , 1500x1500 , 21.png )
743524

>>742922

>>742923
>...I guess even powers that seem to be a whole set aren't necessarily without drawbacks.

>Logan Ana, you, even that Polo fellow...The Powers you get shape who you are.

>So that makes me wonder...Who is the Queen and what power would she have, that she's such a threat? Well, I'm sure we'll learn as we go.


That's the thing about powers, they always seem to have a catch. If you can breathe underwater, then maybe you can't breathe air. If you can read people's minds, then you can only do so non-selectively. Every power has a downside of equal proportion.

At least, that's supposedly the case. I've heard people at school gloating about how their telekinesis comes with nothing but minor headaches; and that those are easily solved with a quick pill. On the flip side, Logan. I know that he has to focus intently on his speech, else he ends up getting anyone within two-hundred feet involved in our conversation. It's gotten to the point where if he stubs his toe, his hands will immediately be covering his mouth. I haven't seem him benefit from his power once. So yeah, some of these powers are unbalanced.


>>742925
>Ok, I've got one. Did you like setting fires before you got your powers?

>"Oh man, sociopaths are always pyromaniacs, lol."
>But no, that's not what this is about.

>I mean, in comparison to your friends, who run from learning to live with their new gifts to being really inconvenienced by them, you seem to have stuck a chord with yours. Is that a fair assessment?


Eh, I'm no pyromaniac. I like fire because it's warm. I don't love setting things aflame because it's fun. I like lighting myself up 'cuz I don't wanna freeze.

Also, I think that you're under a misconception of how powers originate. They don't come in at a young age. You're born with powers. The second that you leave the womb, you have powers. Before you ask, yes, being a parent can be the hardest job in the world because of that. I burned down a house before I was two. Babysitting require many different licenses. There are a variety of specialty babysitters for handling all sorts of magic babies. This is the kind of world we live in.

Of course, some powers don't really change all that much. I'm sure Ann's power didn't cause her dad too much trouble. Though, he probably got a few bruises from getting hit in the head by a falling book.


>>742946
>I was just curious about you in general. You seem like someone who knows themselves well, so a couple of things in particular I'm wondering.

>One is, have you've been in a lot of fights before? Not in a delinquent way, mind. I ask because Logan seemed to speak highly of you, and you were quick to his defense. He said that essentially you were the sort who'd back their friends up come hell or high water, and considering Logan's issue, I'm curious how many times you'd had to do that. He's cool, so regardless of the answer, glad you did. (You seem like you'd do well in a boxing ring, in my opinion...)

>The other one is about your powerset. Sorry if I'm a bit one-note, but I'm curious as to the extent of your abilities. You can obviously light up as needed personally, but can you, say, expel fireballs and the sort, or cause remote combustion? Just trying to get a clearer picture of that, so thanks for putting up with us so far.


Yeah, I do know myself well. That's why I rock.

On the first issue, yes. I haven't gotten into many fights recently, but in the past it was very common. See, Logan is a really close friend. He's lived with me for almost as long as I can remember. We're kind of siblings, but it feels kind of forced when we say it like that, hence why we don't refer to each-other as such. Anyways, Logan is great. He's also homeschooled, but he wasn't always.

For one semester, in middle school, Logan attended classes at the school Ann and I attend. He didn't want to initially because of his power, but he decided that he wanted to try. Because of his scars, and lack of talking, people tried to pick on him. I say that they tried to, because they made the fatal mistake of doing so in my presence. I do not allow my friends to be bullied. I got into many fights over this. I only know of one time that Logan got hurt, where I wasn't there to deliver an even greater hurt to the source; and I felt bad, it was like I failed him. Logan felt guilty that he was causing me trouble, and switched back to homeschooling next semester.

Ann doesn't really get bullied. I remember her getting called ugly once in elementary school, and I nipped that in the bud. I think the only reason Logan was consistently bullied, was because he was a much easier target. There isn't a lot about Ann to insult. She does okay in class, she looks pretty damn good, and she doesn't have many obvious weird habits. Logan performed well-above average in class, looks like he's cosplaying as Jack Skellington, and would never talk. I understand why it happened, I just don't agree with it.

As for your second question, I do have limits. Remote combustion is outside of my ability. I can control fire that I'm not directly contacting, but it takes me time to lock in on its heat. Fireballs are easy. I just make some fire, and then throw it. No problem. The one true limit to my power is warmth. When I'm making fire on myself, then I'm good; but when I throw my fire away from me, I get cold. If my fire is extinguished by forces other than me, then I can't pull its warmth back in. This is important to note, as I have actually gotten sick because of this in the past. I ignited myself, my dad put me out, and I caught a cold. So I do have limits, just not the kind you'd imagine.

Ann "Hey, Gina."

Oh geez, how long have I been explaining things to you for.

Gina "What's up, Ann?"

Ann "I just found it funny that with all the noise that I just made, Logan's still asleep."

Gina "Eh, he's always been like that. No amount of noise will wake him up, but the slightest touch will wake him."

Ann "Should I wake him?"

Gina "Probably, we need to get ourselves situated."
>>
No. 743526 ID: 9e365d

>>743524
Appreciate the explanation. Well. Lets see what to do. Hopefully today wont get too crazy too quickly.
>>
No. 743529 ID: b2d501

Plan out your breakfast. Ask the locals what fast-food stores are good.
>>
No. 743533 ID: 9e365d

>>743529
She said before that she brought food. Shes not eating anything native before someone else tries it first.
>>
No. 743642 ID: 9876c4

>Also, I think that you're under a misconception of how powers originate. They don't come in at a young age. You're born with powers. The second that you leave the womb, you have powers.

Ah you're right! I thought the powers thing started with the gate crisis, and older folks (like Ann's dad) hadn't been born with theirs. Looks like Tier 1 has had powers forever, or close to it.

If you could maintain that low body temperature, you could use your powers in lots of other ways. Like wearing armor around constantly.
>>
No. 744073 ID: fba208
File 147198211423.png - (160.17KB , 1500x1500 , 22.png )
744073

>>743524

Ann "Huh, looks like he's having a bad dream. All the more reason to wake him."

Gina "Wait, what?"
>>
No. 744074 ID: fba208
File 147198215627.png - (235.99KB , 1500x1500 , 23.png )
744074

>>744073

Ann "Rise and shine Lo-"

Gina "ANN! DON-"
>>
No. 744075 ID: fba208
File 147198217467.png - (46.92KB , 1500x1500 , 24.png )
744075

>>744074
>>
No. 744078 ID: fba208
File 147198245584.png - (338.22KB , 1500x1500 , 25.png )
744078

>>744075

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
No. 744079 ID: fba208
File 147198257045.png - (71.09KB , 1500x1500 , 26.png )
744079

>>744078

...

Gina "-t wake him up. Don't wake Logan up if he's having a nightmare."

Ann "I can't hear you! I think my ears are broken!"

Logan "Sorry!"

Ann "Gahk!"

Well, we're off to a great start.
>>
No. 744098 ID: cb4760

Oooh.
Okay here's the million dollar question: Can you hear US right now?
Because if you can't anything we say is pointless.
>>
No. 744106 ID: b2d501

HOW does your civilization wake up without destroying the world?!

Also, room damage is going to cost you. You may want to leave the two-week inn service early.
>>
No. 744171 ID: 1d4e27

Ask him to repeat what he said.
>>
No. 744745 ID: fba208
File 147232942380.png - (332.76KB , 1500x1500 , 27.png )
744745

>>744079

>>744098
>Oooh.
>Okay here's the million dollar question: Can you hear US right now?
>Because if you can't anything we say is pointless.


Yeah, I can still hear you. It sounds like your speaking directly into my brain, if that makes any sense.


>>744171
>Ask him to repeat what he said.


Hah, no.

Ann "Are any of you guys hungry?"

Gina "Not really." Logan simply shakes his head.

Ann "The visitor permits we received allow us to get free food from any restaurant in the area, so I was just looking at the map."

Gina "Go eat alien food if you want, I won't tell you not to." I hop off of my bed, take a seat on Ann's.

Ann "I don't think that it'll be all that different. Everything here feels similar to Earth. It's weird."

Gina "Eh, it was only ever unlikely to find a planet with similar conditions. Unlikely, however, leaves room for possibility."

Ann "That makes sense. On an unrelated topic, did you bring any other sweaters? If not, I have a few that you can borrow."

Gina "Don't worry, I came prepared. I packed myself a few coats, jackets, and sweaters. Plus, your clothes don't fit me. You're too scrawny." As I say this, I pull one of my bags out from beneath the bed's frame. I start searching through it for something to wear

Ann "We're practically the same size!"

Gina "The difference is noticeable. I'd look like my outfit was trying to suffocate me if I wore any of your clothes."

Ann "I get it."

Gina "Don't sweat it. I appreciate the offer."

Ann "Anyways, do you have any ideas on what you want to do?"

Gina "Hmmm, not sure. Why don't you read off a list of things in the area?"

Ann "Well, there's the marketplace, a farm, a library, and not a few miscellaneous stores."

Gina "I think that I'll check out the library. Maybe I can find some history books that'll help us understand this Tier a bit more."

Ann "Sounds like a plan. What about you Logan?"

Logan "I have some questions for Polo. I plan on asking him about everything that's been bugging me."

Ann "Neat, but there are two things that you'll have to do before you can go do that." Logan sat in thought for a moment.

Logan "Get dressed?"

Ann "That's one. The second has to do with what happened when we arrived. What went wrong?" Logan took a few more seconds to think, before his face lit up with the answer. As he opened his mouth to answer, he stopped. He took a deep breath, before finally saying anything.

Logan "Ammo?"

Ann "Bingo, a gun isn't worth much without bullets."
>>
No. 744766 ID: b2d501

Remember to buy ammo in bulk! Bulk means cheaper costs!

And go for the best sandwich you can find.
>>
No. 744781 ID: cb4760

..I thought Gina was taller? But I sense much danger in this topic so...
Bullets. If you guys forgot to get them we're possibly out of luck given the whole 'distance makes portals into space-slicing bad things.'
But that pocket portal thing...On higher tiers if the distance becomes a problem we might be able to use it to 'catch' and destroy objects by throwing them in the portal and watch them telefrag.
I'd reccomend testing with a small leaf or stone, some disposable object.
>>
No. 745584 ID: fba208
File 147278040252.png - (187.38KB , 1800x1400 , 28.png )
745584

>>744745

>>744766
>Remember to buy ammo in bulk! Bulk means cheaper costs!


I'm pretty sure that Logan brought ammo. It would be crazy of him not to. We couldn't confirm that there would be civilization here; so why would we assume that we could get ammo. I mean seriously, use your head.


>>744781
>..I thought Gina was taller? But I sense much danger in this topic so...
>Bullets. If you guys forgot to get them we're possibly out of luck given the whole 'distance makes portals into space-slicing bad things.'
>But that pocket portal thing...On higher tiers if the distance becomes a problem we might be able to use it to 'catch' and destroy objects by throwing them in the portal and watch them telefrag.
>I'd reccomend testing with a small leaf or stone, some disposable object.


Wow, three in one. Alright, from the top. Of course I'm taller than Ann. You can see us, can't you? My observation, that Ann's clothes would appear to be suffocating me, implied that they were smaller than mine. I already told the other guy about the bullets, and as for the pocket portal... Eh? Look, I don't get most of the things Logan makes from a technical standpoint. All I know is that he said it was dangerous. If you want to ask Logan questions about it, then direct them towards him.

Speaking of Logan, he just pulled a box out of his backpack. He hands it to Ann. She opens it, and just stares at it for a few seconds.

Ann "Explain, please."

Logan shoots me a look that tells me he has a lot to say, and he doesn't think that he can easily say it. I understand, and begin translating his signs.

Gina "What specifically do you want to know?"

Ann "There are so many different bullet designs in this box. Which is which?" I take a peek at her loot. The box is filled to the brim with bullets of various shapes, sizes, and colors. Logan starts shooting off words.

Gina "Don't worry. I marked each bullet type by color, so that you could easily identify them. They're shaped differently because they each function differently. We can go over them quickly if you'd like."

Ann "That sounds better than guessing which is which. I still have the list you gave me in my pants' pocket I think." Ann moves for her bag, but Logan motions for her to stop.

Logan "You don't have to do that. I'll be quick." Ann sits down, and listens intently. Occasionally looking at the ammo box beside her. Logan starts 'talking'."

Gina "The black ones are Piercing Shots. They look normal, because they are."

Ann "Sounds reasonable."

Gina "The red ones are Blunt Shots. They have a larger round tip, as they aren't meant to be lethal."

Ann "I'm with you so far."

Gina "The orange one are Fire Shots. They don't have an actual 'bullet'. They instead burst into flames, which shoot out of the barrel. The top of the shell is indented, so that the fire's direction is forward. It's basically a fireball, but far smaller then anything Gina could make."

Ann "That's... actually kind of cool."

Gina "The light blue ones are Shock Shots. They fire off a small cable and battery. That tip is the head of the cable. The tips are meant to pierce your target's skin, so that you can give them a good zap for a few seconds."

Ann "That's... actually super weird. It looks so awkward next to everything else. It's kind of hilarious."

Gina "Yeah, I mean, I know WHY it's like that now; but look at it." Logan shrugs, as if acknowledging that he knew it looked strange from the start.

Gina "Anyways, the white ones are Blank Shots. They don't shoot out anything. It's just a bang and a flash."

Ann "I know what blanks are, I've seen them on TV."

Gina "Well, they work like those. Next up, dark blue; A.K.A, Water Shots. They're really weird. Just accept the fact that getting water to shoot out of a gun is logistically difficult, or else we'll be here all day."

Logan "That's not what I said."

Gina "It's what you should have said."

Ann "I don't need all the details of how these things work. I just need to know which is which. Should I assume that the yellow ones are Oil Shots? They're shaped just like the Water Shots, but the liquid looks yellow."

Gina "Yep, you're right about that. Let's get these last three finished quickly. I'm getting bored of this. Grey is gas, purple is sleep, and green is gust. Any questions?"

Ann "Why does the gas one look empty?"

Gina "Because it is. It's made so that you can fill it with any gas you want. Toxic fumes, bad smells, laughing gas, whatever. Basically, don't fill your gun up with them until they're filled."

Ann "Okay, thanks. I understand now."

Gina "Why don't you fill up your gun's chambers, and leave the rest here for now. You're going out for food, right? You shouldn't need to pack too much heat."

Ann "I like that plan, but which six should I use?"

Gina "I don't know, ask the Voices or something."

Ann "Are you just saying that so they'll leave you alone."

Gina "Partially."
>>
No. 745585 ID: fba208

(Hey guys, I'm gonna be away for the weekend. The next update won't be until Tuesday earliest. Probably Wednesday or Thursday. Who knows? See you then.)
>>
No. 745587 ID: 094652

Load up the sleep darts, carry a few steel tips just in case.

Also, important fact: Blank rounds can still deal lethal damage at, you guessed it, point blank range. The force of the sound wave from the blank shot means that the explosion is literally shooting air, which gets dissipated quickly a few inches out of the barrel, but is still propelled air that is faster than sound and can rupture organs if it does not interact with regular air quickly. So make sure you don't pull the trigger on a civilian at point blank range no matter what round you're using, and consider blank rounds to be REALLY BO-ZILLY short-ranged sonic shotgun rounds.
>>
No. 745589 ID: cb4760

Hrrrm...
So six bullets right?
Hrrm...Right now I'm thinking let's avoid the Fire Bullet-Gina can provide fire if we need it and I don't see a pressing need to split up right now.
Oil could be fun for combo attacks with her, or it could be useful on it's own. I'd take it.
A blunt probably isn't a bad idea...I'd say...Well, if you have more than one then maybe 2 of those, in slots right next to each other for easy recalling of where they are.
Shock and Water could be combined for funtimes, as could Gas and Gust...Now that I think on it, if I recall correctly, wasn't Sleep actually a sleeping gas? You might be able to stretch the supply of them out by using a Sleep on a target, then following up with the Gas to 'catch' as much of the Sleep cloud as you can, then you can release it again!
Oh, and as for the aforementioned Gas/Gust combo-that's make a gas cloud, and use the Gust to direct where it goes.
Maybe carry a Gas in your pocket for catching the remains of a Sleep and loading that into the Gun after using the Sleep.
So far that's...
1 Oil, 2 Blunts and a Sleep. If catching Sleep in a Gas is viable, than we can have a Gas in the pocket to replace the Sleep.
I think a Blank and a Piercing should finish that list and make for a decent loadout- half general utility, half loaded for combat. And with plenty of potential secondary uses for each of them!
>>
No. 745638 ID: 9876c4

>>745589
Against anything not shooting back, you have the luxury of time. Something on fire? Pop your cylinder and load 6 waters.

For unknown threats I still think regular ammo is the best bet. We might need to shoot out a light or a lock at a moment's notice.
>>
No. 747188 ID: fba208
File 147345289882.png - (170.76KB , 1500x1500 , 29.png )
747188

>>745584

>>745587
>>745589
>>745638


Alright, I hear you. Those are some pretty nice suggestions. Here's what I'm going with:

-Oil
-Blunt
-Sleep
-Blank
-Piercing
-Piercing

That should prepare me for most situations. I kind of wish that I had more room for a shock and gust, as I really want to try those out at some point. Though, I don't know if I'll need this any time soon. Everyone I've seen here seems nice.

Gina "Alright, you've got ammo now. How's do you feel?"

Ann "Safer, and yet as if I'm in even more danger at the same time."

Gina "Guns are like that. On the one hand, you can protect yourself from robbers and stuff. On the other hand, you could shoot yourself by mistake."

Ann "Honestly, my chances are better with what I have loaded. Only half the time, I could die or get badly hurt. Anything else would be inconvenient."

Gina "That's the spirit? Whatever, it's fine. So we're splitting up?"

Ann "Sounds like it. I'm gonna throw on some clothes, and get a meal."

Gina "I'm going to the library, and Logan's going to hang out with Polo. When should we meet back up?"

Ann "Hmm... What time is it?"

Gina "I don't know, this planet runs on a different schedule than Earth does."

Ann "How about... We'll meet back here in two hours."

Gina "Do you have any way of timing how long you've been gone?"

Ann "No, but I have a good sense for time."

Gina "Eh, I'll just go by the sun or something. I should be here within fifteen minutes of the arranged time."

Logan "And I'll be with Polo, so he can keep me on schedule."

Gina "That's for the best. You're pretty terrible with time."

Logan "No I'm not. I just get a little invested in my work, which leads me to ignoring concepts such as time."

Ann "That doesn't sound much better."

Gina "Dude, I know how you are. Every other time that I come to wake you up, you never even went to sleep. You're just sitting in your room, building stuff."

Logan "There's a good reason for that. It's much easier to get work done at night. There's nothing to distract me from the goal at hand."

Gina "Yeah, yeah, let's not have this old discussion right now. Alien world, goal at hand, etc. Let's try to get all of the information that we can before we jump up a Tier."

Ann "With how welcoming this town is, I'm sure that we won't have any problems."

Logan "If we do, then we're prepared."

Gina "That's the right attitude."
>>
No. 747190 ID: cb4760

...Wait a sec-I just thought of something.
It takes a minute for the ink from Ann's pen to vanish from her book right?
We could use that as a timepiece-make a mark, and then when it vanishes make another one, and keep track of how many marks have been made somehow (maybe write down the number of times you've marked it before?)
That way, we can keep track, though it's of limited utility since a minute's not that long and it'd interrupt whatever you're doing. Still, jury-rigged clock ho!
>>
No. 747191 ID: 8f5114

>>747190
Except it needs constant attention. It would be worse than trying to measure two hours with an egg timer.
>>
No. 747856 ID: 52ba1d
File 147378658654.png - (323.05KB , 1800x1500 , 30.png )
747856

(WARDROBE UPGRADE!)

PARTY SEPARATING

PLEASE SELECT WHICH PLAYER YOU WISH TO FOLLOW--

*Note: You will have a chance to go with all of them. You are only selecting who you wish to go with first.*


PLAYER 1 (Ann Pepper): Going to a local restaurant to get breakfast. Benefits: Learn more about the people of Towne.

PLAYER 2 (Gina Cortez): Heading to the library to look at their history books. Benefits: Learn more about the history of Towne, other Tiers, powers, etc. You can read anything that the library has.

PLAYER 3 (Logan Faust): Learning more about the area from Polo. Benefits: An opportunity to ask Polo about anything you want. You'll probably walk (or fly) around Towne while you chat, giving you a better look at the area.
>>
No. 747858 ID: 9876c4

Player 1 for me.
>>
No. 747919 ID: 3583d1

for the hell of it, and because he is my favorite characeter, player 3
>>
No. 747920 ID: da5a77

Let's start with player 1 to learn more about the town, before getting to the Q&A phase.
>>
No. 747921 ID: cb4760

3 feels the most useful to start with, and at the moment I think I'd trust Gina to have a better idea of what we'd need to know more so than we would.
>>
No. 747924 ID: 52ba1d

>>747856
I say Gina.
Just because.
>>
No. 748073 ID: 52ba1d

rolled 1 = 1

>>747856

Alright, tie breaker to determine who we're with. I'm rolling a die. 1 for Ann, two for Logan.
>>
No. 748074 ID: 52ba1d

>>748073

Ann wins! Thanks for voting!
>>
No. 748386 ID: ef9188
File 147417731744.png - (46.29KB , 700x700 , Soooooo.png )
748386

(Sorry to spring this on you all so suddenly, but I'll be away for this week. Updates will continue on the following week, where I promise to try my best to get as much out as possible. I know that I just went away, but please bare with me. This should be the last major hangup for a long while. Until then, here are three questions that I'd like to make you think about:

#1: What is the secret to Ann's power?
#2: What is the witch's motivation for destroying Earth?
#3: Is Polo hiding something?

Why not go talk about these over at the Top Tier Discussion Thread? Maybe you'll figure something out with conversation.)
>>
No. 749954 ID: 52ba1d
File 147494823975.png - (252.14KB , 1500x1500 , 31.png )
749954

>>747856

I walk downstairs and into the lobby. I already know where to go using the map provided to me. Speaking of that, I see that the woman who was running the front desk earlier is still there. It couldn't hurt to chat with her.

Ann "Hi there, um... Woman?"

Blue "Oh, I never introduced myself. My bad."

Jodie "My name is Jodie Teribinth. You're Ann, right?"

Ann "Yes, how'd you know? Did you read my questionnaire?"

Jodie "Heavens no, that would be terribly rude. It's my ability. If I learn a person's name, then I see it floating above them. I was only confirming that your name was Ann, as I see the name that I think is correct. If I thought your name was Ann, it's what I would have seen regardless of accuracy."

Ann "That's pretty neat."

Jodie "Why, thank you. I appreciate the compliment."

Ann "So, I was wondering. You were working when my group arrived, and you're still here. Shouldn't some one else have relieved you of your post by now?"

Jodie "Um, I was relieved of my post. It's been an entire day since I last saw your group."

Ann "It's been twenty-four hours already? Jeez, I didn't think that I slept for that long."

Jodie "Actually, a full day here is twenty-seven and a half hours; but yes, it's been almost a full day since we met."

Ann "I must have been more tired than I thought."

Jodie "Traveling Tiers does that to people. Some gates are more exhausting than others. From what I know, Earth to Drellsden is the worst one."

Ann "Hmm, is it because of the distance between planets?"

Jodie "That's the most prevalent theory."

Ann "Alright, well then. I was just about to get some grub. What's the food like here?"

Jodie "Restaurants in the area have human menus if you don't want to experiment too much. If you do, then I'd recommend getting Kreekkh on a stick. It's not too out there, and it's delicious. Head to the only restaurant in town, and ask Marley to cook one up for you."

Ann "You know what? I think I will. What's it taste like?"

Jodie "It's a very savory flavor. When you get it, be prepared. Those things are heavier then you'd expect. Kreekkh gain mass when they're heated. It's a self-defense tactic against predatory insects."

Ann "Do you know a lot about them?"

Jodie "No, that's actually rather common knowledge. To compare it to Tier one, it's like the knowledge that cows produce milk."

Ann "Okay. As much as I'd love to continue this conversation, I'm starving. Maybe we can talk more later."

Jodie "That would be fine. I wouldn't mind telling you more about this place. I'm relatively smart, so I can answer almost anything you can throw at me."

Ann "Thanks for the offer. Bye!" With that, I walk out of the building.
>>
No. 749955 ID: 398fe1

>>749954
Hey Ann what are your thoughts on firing an indestructible pen out of a gun?
>>
No. 749962 ID: 753a63

Or using an indestructible book as a grenade (bind some thermite into the book, belt it together, and throw)

Also, how do people go hunting around here?
>>
No. 750066 ID: 9876c4

I don't know how intertier travel works, but I find it weird that 3 different people, each with their own sleeping issues would konk out for 27 hours.

I'm not saying you shouldn't trust the locals, but I'm pointedly not saying you should.
>>
No. 750090 ID: cb4760

>guy in green shirt and overall eating a mushroom
...Ann...That guy behind you, he doesn't look...familiar, does he?
>>
No. 750618 ID: 398fe1

>>750617
If the pen isn't a snug fit you'll need a sabot.
>>
No. 750621 ID: 52ba1d
File 147535994191.png - (304.51KB , 1500x1500 , 32.png )
750621

>>749954

>>750066
>I don't know how intertier travel works, but I find it weird that 3 different people, each with their own sleeping issues would konk out for 27 hours.

>I'm not saying you shouldn't trust the locals, but I'm pointedly not saying you should.


If you payed closer attention to her words, you'd know that we slept for almost a full day. Remember this sentence:

"Actually, a full day here is twenty-seven and a half hours; but yes, it's been almost a full day since we met."

The wording here implies that a time period close to, but not equal to twenty-seven hours has passed. Though, if it was over twenty-six then she'd most likely round up to twenty-seven. Therefore, we can assume that my friends and I were asleep for at-most twenty-six hours. That's still pretty weird, but not unbelievable. Gina's father has the power to open up holes in space, a.k.a, portals. He told us a story a while back of a time where he needed to warp to the other side of the planet and back for a rescue. When he got home, he fell asleep for three days straight. He had to be fed through a tube in the hospital.

Our situation is admittedly different, as Mr. Cortez had to make the portal in addition to going through; but it supports the idea that long-distance travel can be tiring.


>>750090
>guy in green shirt and overall eating a mushroom
>...Ann...That guy behind you, he doesn't look...familiar, does he?


Actually, I think he was eating a muffin. As for the person, I didn't recognize him. He doesn't look like anyone that I've ever met before. Should I know him? Are you trying to tell me something?


>>749955
>Hey Ann what are your thoughts on firing an indestructible pen out of a gun?


That's an interesting thought. If the diameter of the gun's barrel was greater than the pen's, then it could work I think. Though, I'd need to put it in front of a bullet to make it work, right? The gunpowder is in the shells, so I'd need one loaded to fire anything. I do have a blank on me, I think that it has gunpowder in it. I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to guns, but I'll ask Logan about it later.

The marketplace should be dead ahead. That's where basically every store in Town is located. The restaurant will be the first building on the left.
>>
No. 750668 ID: 893948

> Are you trying to tell me something?
Semi-famous video game character in our world. He's in our version of FFC. Don't sweat it.

To the market!

Also LOOK OUT HE HAS AN EYEPATCH
>>
No. 750765 ID: 16bb01

>>750668
I think that's sunglasses actually.
>>
No. 750771 ID: 16bb01

>>750621
>think the blank has gunpowder in
It definitely does. It might be less than a normal bullet though, I'm not sure.

So, is the pen small enough to fit in the gun? Or is it close enough you're not sure?
>>
No. 752800 ID: 52ba1d
File 147634282825.png - (159.22KB , 1500x1500 , 33.png )
752800

>>750621

>>750668
>Semi-famous video game character in our world. He's in our version of FFC. Don't sweat it.


That's pretty neat. Maybe he actually is the character from your games. It's hard to say, as I don't really understand the relationship between our... existences? Honestly, I'm taking this whole questioning spirits thing a lot better than I probably should.


>>750771
>So, is the pen small enough to fit in the gun? Or is it close enough you're not sure?


Yep, just barely. I wonder if this will be useful in any way...


Oh hey, we're here. I'm standing outside of a bright red building. According to the map, this is the local food joint. The sign on the front reads "Restaurant". Very original. This place must be smaller than I thought.

Regardless, I'm about to see a lot of sharian at once. My only experiences have lead me to believe that there are virtually no differences when compared to humans. I wonder if that'll hold true after I get inside this place.

No time like the present. I open the door, and take a good look at the restaurant.
>>
No. 752801 ID: 52ba1d
File 147634312934.png - (692.30KB , 2400x1300 , 34.png )
752801

>>752800
The room is packed. I see four tables, all filled with people.
Even the bar at the back of the room is somewhat crowded.

The first person to catch my eye is the man on my right. He's staring at a plate of ketchup. There's nothing else on the plate, just ketchup. He has a weirdly scary aura around him.

Hey, is that an axe leaning against the table?

I look away from him quickly, fearing what would happen if are eyes met. On my left, I see what appears to be a stick figure. They looks like they're 2-dimensional, but they're clearly 3-dimensional. They wouldn't be able to interact with the environment the way they are if they weren't. Maybe it's a perception power? It's hard to say. The kid next to them seems a bit more normal. The only odd aspect would be her incredibly long hair. Compared to Mr. Axe and 2D, it's not quite as off-putting.

Behind them, my eyes fall onto a frog man; and before I can even finish processing this, I realize that their is a doll-sized woman sitting on his table. She's drinking from a shot-glass the size of her head. I'd call it cute, but media has warned me that that is the worst thing I could possibly say to her. She'd either be offended, or act in a very un-cute manner in response. Beside her is another woman dressed in cold-weather apparel. Her outfit reminds me of a certain fire-bender. Her right eye looks much paler than her left. I don't know what's up with that, and I don't think it'd be polite to ask.

My eyes drift to the final table, where I see three men wearing the same jacket. I can't tell if their good friends, groomsmen, or members of the mafia. They do look pretty shady. However, any negative perceptions that I start to place on them are immediately cut-off by an accidental glance at Mr. Serial Killer.

The server, who is currently delivering a meal, motions for me to come sit at the bar. I take a look over, and I see four people there. A woman and a man are locked in conversation with the man behind the counter. The other person is of the other end, sleeping. Not wanting to disturb their conversation, I sit down a few seats away from them. This lands me next to the person who's casually nodding away right at on the bar. Luckily, I don't see any drool coming from them.

Right as I sit, I see the man behind the counter look my way. He says something to the other two customers, and starts walking towards me.
>>
No. 752812 ID: 9876c4

quite a panorama, I can see why it'd take some time

Well, you've got the mafia interposed between you and ketchup guy, so you should be alright.

You can always try for neutral small talk, like "How's the Kreekkh today, or something?"
>>
No. 752862 ID: 16bb01

>>752801
Hmm that frog guy seems kinda familiar. But maybe I'm looking for cameos where none exist... Although actually all three at that table seem familiar on further thought.

...this is probably going to bug me for a while.
>>
No. 753091 ID: ad9101

Uhm, there may be a problem with frog guy's left hand: If the red balls are his fingertips, shouldn't they be down-left instead of up-right? Right now it looks like an awkwardly turned right hand...

Politely greet the bartender.
>>
No. 753771 ID: 52ba1d
File 147684622141.png - (215.12KB , 1500x1500 , 35.png )
753771

>>752801

>>753091
>Politely greet the bartender.


I take a good look at the man behind the counter. I'm certain that he's a chef. Even though I didn't get a great look at it on my walk over, I definitely saw a man with his hair color in the picture to the left of the bar. The other server is probably a chef also, as they were also in that photo.

From the only slightly audible noise coming from the kitchen, I'd say that there's only two people in there tops. Counting out the likely female server, there's a one in three chance that this is the person that I'm looking for. Only one way to find out.

Ann "Hello there, would you happen to be Marley?"

Marley "That's my name. Who told you that?" Bingo.

Ann "It was Ms. Teribinth. She told me your name when I said that I was coming here for breakfast."

Marley "Breakfast huh. You must be new here then, right?"

Ann "What gave it away?"

Marley "Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are all things that you hear about on Tiers 1 and 5. It's because everyone wakes up at around the same time in those places. Around here, different people have different schedules. Make sense?"

Ann "Indeed, my name is Ann." I extend my arm in his direction.

Marley "Marley, but you already knew that." He accepts my offering, and shakes my hand. His grip is strong, but not painful; and he shakes a bit more then what feels natural.

Marley "If Jodie was giving you recommendations, then I have an idea what you want." I nod my head.

Ann "Yeah, she endorsed your Kreekkh on a Stick rather well. Could I get one please?"

Marley "No problemo! I'll start cooking right away. You're gonna love it." Marley walked to the left of the bar, and entered the door. I wasn't alone for long, as the other chef quickly placed themselves right where Marley was just a moment ago. They look slightly displeased.

Chef "Sorry, he always forgets this part. I'll need to see your card." I pull the card out of my pocket, and let her look it over. She pulls something out of her pocket, and punches a hole into the card. She pockets the removed portion, and hands back my card.

Chef "This is your first transaction with that card, right? I've taken five credits off of its value. That means you can afford ninety-five more credits worth of goods and services today." I look at the card, and I can see nineteen circles imprinted onto it (twenty counting the empty space).

Chef "Tomorrow, you'll be issued a fresh new card. They won't take this one away from you though, so feel free to save credits. At card number seven, each card will only contain fifty credits. Any questions?" I think for a moment.

Ann "Are credits the standard currency of this Tier, or do they only work in this town?

Chef "Credits aren't actually cash. They only work in this town, and have no value elsewhere. We take the removed portions, and get reimbursed from the town treasury later. Our main currency is copper, which is already pretty convenient; so I don't know why we use credits for guests." I take this all in.

Ann "I understand. Thank you." With that, she smiles and walks off. I'm left with nothing but my thoughts for now it seems. Maybe now would be a good time to answer some of your ques-



"Hey, you new here?" A monotonous voice from my right asks.
>>
No. 754958 ID: 52ba1d
File 147727003291.png - (187.71KB , 1500x1500 , 36.png )
754958


>>753771

I turn to my right, and see someone partially laying on the bar. Their expression is tired, and their body language is minimal. I can't place their gender through appearance alone. The voice that I heard didn't give me many clues. The pitch seemed to be perfectly neutral, giving away no hints to their gender identity. I honestly can't tell if I'm speaking to a guy or a girl.

??? "Are you?"

Ann "Hm? Oh, yes. My name is Ann, I just got here yesterday."

??? "Ann, huh? That short for something?"

Ann "Annabelle."

??? "Yeah, that sounds about right." They don't say anything for a minute. It feels awkward.

??? "Henry."

Ann "Huh?"

Henry "It's my name. Henry."

Ann "Oh! Okay, nice to meet you."

Henry "Same."

Ann "So... Was there anything you wanted to say to me?"

Henry "Nope, you just woke me up. Most locals don't, so I figured you were new."

Ann "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you."

Henry "It's fine. I need to get back to work anyways."

Ann "Where do you work?"

Henry "Around. Mostly, I just wait around for signals. You've met Polo, haven't you?"

Ann "Yes." I hear them mumble under their breath something about how everyone has.

Henry "My job works similarly to his; though my line of work is much different than his."

Ann "What exactly is it that you do?"

Henry "..." They look me in the eyes with a neutral stare.

Ann "..." I return their gaze with a somewhat nervous look.

Henry "..Eh, errands mostly."

Ann "W-well then, that's-" In that moment, I notice their gloves. Something about them seems out of place. They seem to fit well on their hands, too well. They must have been tailored just for them. The question is, why? I haven't seen anyone else around town wearing gloves.

Ann "Why are you wearing gloves?"

Henry "..Hmm?"

Ann "I was just wondering. It's not cold out, so what reason do you have for-"

Henry "Energia."

Ann "Huh?

Henry "...Right, Tier 1. I'm saying that my power forces me to."

Ann "Oh, okay then." We sit silently for a minute. Henry lets out a sigh, and continues.

Henry "If I touch someone else's hands with my hands, I teleport. Since that's inconvenient, I wear gloves."

Ann "Wow, that sounds..."

Henry "Obnoxious? Eh, it has benefits."

Ann "I suppose it would." Before I can think of anything else to say, Marley comes out of the kitchen holding a platter.

Marley "Sorry that took so long. I dropped the first one I made, so I had to start over. Anyways, here you are." He places the platter down in front of me. When he does this, I get my first good look at what I ordered.

It's appearance is very much like a maggot, but bigger. It's mostly white, but with darker patches from the cooking. A brown sauce is visible at the very top. From the way it looks, the sauce is clearly inside the thing. The dish as a hole looks... interesting.
>>
No. 754966 ID: 094652

..............................................................................................................
.................................................................................. Are you in Bug World?

You may be in bug world.

In a bug room.

With bugs.

Giant, talking bugs that look like people.

And some people.

Talking to the bugs.

And talking to the giant talking bugs.

That look like people.

I'm not going to stop being obnoxious until you get some medium-well steak, with all the parasites and bacteria roasted. Talk to the guy, ask him if he'll take cash for a meal with higher standards.
>>
No. 755000 ID: 594c18

>>754958
Well... You never know if it's good unless you try it, right?

And I mean, it was recommended to you... It might have been hazing, but it was recommended...
>>
No. 755118 ID: 9876c4

Kinda think you got yourself into this one.

You wanted local color, you got it. Surprise! It's maggot-hued.
>>
No. 756422 ID: 52ba1d
File 147797680138.png - (605.81KB , 1500x1500 , 37.png )
756422

>>754958

>>755118
>Kinda think you got yourself into this one.

>You wanted local color, you got it. Surprise! It's maggot-hued.

>>755000
>Well... You never know if it's good unless you try it, right?


I take a bite from the top. The tender meat enters I mouth, and I'm hit by a wave of flavor.

Ann "This is... the best thing I've ever eaten."

Henry "The food here's good."

Ann "No, Henry, don't misunderstand me. I'm saying that I want to savor this moment for as long as I can."

Ann "If I could spend the Earth's last year just eating this, I would be able to die happy. If this thing was a person, I would marry them on the spot. This is literally the tastiest sensation that I have ever personally experienced."

Marley's personal touches shine through the dish. His choices of seasonings, marinades, sauces, everything. The dish radiates with flavor. I can't even quantify how this dish was made.

Henry "3, 2, 1, and..."

Right as Henry's countdown completes, I swallow. I'm immediately snapped back to reality. The meal in my mouth is still tasty, but the previous sensation has passed. With it gone, I can think straight. Henry's countdown implies that my reaction is not a unique one. It also shows that whatever caused the incredible taste only lasts for as long as it's in the mouth. To test this, I take a second bite.

Ann "Oh my gosh, this is spectacular~!" I quickly swallow. Yep, back to normal. Taking in everything I know, I produce a theory.

Ann "Marley, does your power have something to do with this food's flavor?"

Marley "You're a sharp one, ain't ya? You're right on the nose. My body naturally creates a powder that I've dubbed 'Flave'. When it's in your mouth, it causes you to experience a drug like state until you swallow it."

Ann "That would explain why I couldn't think clearly while eating this. But when you say, "naturally creates"..."

Marley "It pops up on my skin. If I leave it unattended, my arm is covered in two hours."

Ann "Alright, that's quelled my fears a bit."

Marley "I'm confident in the strength of my food. I usually only use that stuff when requested. I only used it on your meal 'cuz Jodes sent ya. If you want to taste it without the flave, then bite in that area" Marley pointed to a section in the middle as he said this. I do as he says; and while it's definitely not brain disablingly good, it is a rather tasty dish.

Ann "It's still delicious."

Marley "I know, and thanks." After receiving my positive review, Marley walked back to the customers he was with before. Presumably to pick up the conversation they had been having.
>>
No. 756442 ID: 642808

You just gave 5 stars to a giant coke-sprinkes maggot. Are you SURE you're alright?

Ask how much for a packet of "Flave". That stuff might fetch a good price on a different tier. Spice trade, you know?

Other than that, grab some free condiments for later. Nothing serious, just some sugar and a jar of salt.
>>
No. 756511 ID: 9876c4

>Ann experienced true love with a maggot on a stick
Well... since your party members aren't using their credits, you could probably get another one.

Assuming this is a larval Kreekkh, what do the big ones look like? Are they dangerous to the locals? Or domesticated and raised for vittles?
>>
No. 756524 ID: 594c18

>>756422
Try not to think about the fact you're eating essentially his dandruff.

Also maybe order something that's not covered in the stuff. Constant foodgasms might actually be a little inconvenient.

I mean, if you still want to eat the drug bug, that's fine I guess...
>>
No. 757216 ID: 2fd094
File 147847791753.png - (283.16KB , 1500x1500 , 38.png )
757216

>>756422

>>756442
>You just gave 5 stars to a giant coke-sprinkes maggot. Are you SURE you're alright?

>>756524
>Try not to think about the fact you're eating essentially his dandruff.


Stop it. Stop trying to ruin this. I don't care if the effects have massive similarities to drugs; he wouldn't have served it to me if there were horrible side-effects. Just let me enjoy my food.

I take a few more bites, falling into the same ocean of sensation each time. The most interesting thing about it all is how the flave interacts with the food. It doesn't mask what's beneath it, but enhances it. I can taste the tang of the sauce, but far more than I would have normally. The taste of the kreekkh swims along my taste-buds.

I'm saying it's good; though, you probably get the picture by now.

Before continuing with my... dining experience, I remember that I had been in conversation with Henry just before my food arrived. I turn towards her, and see her laid once more upon her arms, still facing me. She gives me the same bored expression that she's held since I sat beside her I decide to reengage her.

Ann "So, Henry... What's it like here?" My question comes out a bit stiff. There's a brief period of silence once more, before Henry finally replies.

Henry: "It's fine." Such a way with words. I decide to press further.

Ann "From your personal experience, would you prefer this Tier over any other?" The way I've worded this question should force a bit more detail into their answer.

Henry "Maybe..."

Ann "..."

Henry "..."

Ann "Are you being intentionally vague?" At that, Henry begins to chuckle softly. Their chuckle is... cute? Yeah, they have a cute laugh. That sounds a bit weird to say, but it's like that of a child's. It comes off as incredibly genuine, surprisingly pleasant. After a few seconds, the laughter fades. Henry speaks, just a bit more lively this time around.

Henry "Eh, after going through the same question - answer routine with a couple dozen humans; it gets kind of old."

Ann "Oh, I'm sorry. I hadn't really thought of that. New humans must show up all the time, right?"

Henry "Yeah, but not as often as they once did." That's accurate to what I know. When the portal first appeared, thousands of people went through every day. More recently, that's been slowing down. I don't know if anyone else went through the gate on the same day that my group did. I predict that it'll pick back up when Earth's due date gets closer. Say, eight months from now.

Ann "I assume, if you're used to this already, that you're a sharian?" I ask.

Henry "...Maybe."

Ann "Huh?" That's not an answer that I had anticipated.

Henry "Different Tiers have different labels; but biologically, they're basically identical, save the outliers." Henry all but points at the frog man as they says that.

Ann "That's... not something I would have guessed. B-But wait a minute, that doesn't explain your answer! 'Maybe', would only work if you didn't know which Tier you came from."

Henry "Exactly."

Ann "W-What?"

Henry "...Didn't I already explain my power?" ...

Ann "Oh... I'm sorry, I didn't-"

Henry "Forget it, it's in the past." With that, we were left in silence. I took another bite of my kreekkh. It was still tasty, but it wasn't quite as good as it was at first. Whether it was because of how long It had been out for, or because of my current awkward feelings; I couldn't tell. Henry and I just sat in silence for a good two minutes, before they spoke again.

Henry "Alright, look. You're new here, and you want to know more about your surroundings. Here's what I'll do for you: Choose-"

Ann "Are you a boy or a girl?" I hastily ask, desperate to know the truth.

Henry "Girl." No hesitation on her end. She continues. "Choose two of the tables here, and I'll tell you what I know about the patrons sitting at them. After that, I've got places to be." It seemed like just a friendly offer, yet something felt off.

Ann "How do you know everyone here?" This town didn't seem too large, so it was reasonable that she was acquaintances with all of these people. However, her demeanor didn't seem appropriate for that. I can easily believe that Polo would be friends with everyone in Towne, as he seems like that kind of guy. Henry seems a lot more... introverted.

Henry "I could tell you, but I'd count it as one of your choices." Hmm, I don't know if she's being cheeky or secretive. I turn to take another look at the packed restaurant. I can only choose two groups, so I'd better make it count. You voices can throw in your own votes as well, they might help me decide. So, will I ask about:


The stick figure and the kid: Mostly, I'd like to know what's up with the whole two-dimensional thing.
The frog, the doll, and the woman dressed for winter: There's a lot to unpack there.
The axe murderer: Is he, drowning in his ketchup?
The mafia: It would be neat to learn about a local crime syndicate. Though, I may just be assuming the worst.
Mr. top hat, striped-shirt, and Marley: Technically not a table, but I don't think Henry would mind.
Henry: I could potentially learn more about the Tiers through her.
>>
No. 757225 ID: 9876c4

>>757216
I myself lean towards Mafia and Frog/Doll/Wintersports.
If there are other good candidates, the latter is of greater import.
>>
No. 757262 ID: 594c18

I'm most curious about Henry, followed by the frog/tiny/winter table. Information on the other tables might be more useful, but those seem more interesting.
>>
No. 757271 ID: ef25cc

>>757216
Let's go with the frog/doll/winter table.
>>
No. 757916 ID: 2fd094
File 147890422981.png - (249.25KB , 1500x1500 , 39.png )
757916

>>757216

>>757225
>>757262
>>757271


Ann "How about those three on the other side of the restaurant? It looks like they're almost finished with their food, so lets start with them."

Henry "Alright, lets see..." With those words, Henry pulls a book out of her hood. She opens it, and flips forward a few pages. She stops on one that has an image of the frog person. The text has the distinct markings of handwriting, and the pages are lined. Given these facts, I conclude that the text was written by either her or an associate. Let's ask.

Ann "Did, you write that?"

Henry "..." She's too busy reading to hear me. She checks out pages with drawings of the other two folks, before returning the book to her hood.

Henry "You only have one left. Think before you ask again." I stay silent, not wanting to waste my remaining choice.

Henry "The woman with the red and white hat is named Jannet Frostbyte. She works at Judithh's tavern."

Ann "She works at a tavern? Wait, this city has a tavern?"

Henry "Yep. It's a popular place at night. It's here in the shopping district, just to your left when you exit." I probably won't go. I'm too young to drink, so I don't see the point. Unless they throw a party there or something...

Henry "Jannet's energia is a passive alteration type. Anything that makes contact with her bare skin drops in temperature at a constant rate, going as far down as 180 degrees kelvin. She's a gentle woman who tends to keep to herself. She's only friends with the two at her table, having no familial or romantic relationship with either; However, she does consider the minish girl to be her closest friend."

Ann "That's a bit more detail than I need, honestly. If you tell me that much, then I'll feel like a stalker."

Henry "..Understood. I won't go further than names, occupations, energia, and reputation. Just know that none of those three have relations beyond friendship."

Ann "Okay, now what about the frog guy. I'm dying to know more about him."

Henry "That's Kermit-"

Ann "Stop, you're fucking with me again."

Henry "..."

Henry "That's Kermit Llllllll."

Ann "..."

Henry "..."

Ann "You're... You're not joking, are you?" Henry rolls her eyes. She looks behind me, and yells out-

Henry "Hey Kermit!" He immediately turns our way. It's hard to read his expression, but I'd guess that he's a bit confused by the sudden call. Henry waves him off, and he turns back to his group.

Henry "His name is Kermit Llllllll. He's the Principal of Towne's school."

Ann "Wait, does Towne only have one school?"

Henry "...It's a small area."

Ann "I suppose."

Henry "Kermit's energia is a biological type, though you probably knew that already. He has many attributes attributed to frogs, but is otherwise a normal sharian citizen. He's a well respected member of the community, known by many for his generosity. Though most of the children in Towne recognize him as the goofy warden at the prison they're forced to attend daily."

Ann "It's refreshing to know that school sucks no matter where you go."

Henry "Hey, these kids are the lucky ones. On Tier four, they don't even have schools."

Ann "How do the other Tiers measure?" Can I get her to reveal more than she intends to?

Henry "..."

Ann "..."

Henry "...Too obvious." Looks like she saw through that bait.

Ann "Alright then, what about the small woman. What's her story?"

Henry "..."

Ann "..."

Henry "..Her name is Minnie-"

Ann "Henry!" She chuckles a bit. It's good to know that she's apparently enjoying my company.

Henry "Fine. Her name is Arrietty Sato. She's a teacher at Towne's school. Her energia is also a biological type. Arritetty can't alter her size, so she's stuck at that height. She's quite hot-headed, often getting herself into trouble far bigger than her."

Ann "..."

Henry "..What?"

Ann "Let me ask you something. Are you friends with any of those three?"

Henry "...No."

Ann "That's what I thought. I'll have to use my final question if I want to know more than that, right?" Henry simply nods her head in agreement. Lets see if we can narrow down the choices.


Henry: Henry has been acting suspiciously for a while. What is she hiding?"
The mafia: Since they're the only other table of three (Not counting the other bar people, as I know enough about Marley already), I can get the most out of my last question by asking about them.
>>
No. 757919 ID: 9876c4

After that demonstration, It'd feel a little rude to not ask about Henry. And asking her personal stuff may throw off her poise just a bit.
>>
No. 757921 ID: 094652

> Kermit Llllllll
Sounds like another video game character from a famous town simulator where every NPC is a talking animal. And yes, the Muppets.

> Arrietty Sato
And SHE'S based on an anime movie based on an English series called The Borrowers, about a family of minish that scavenge litter and steal scrap for a living.

> Last free intel
Ask about the mafia. You'll want to know how the underworld works around here, if only to avoid it.
>>
No. 757986 ID: 594c18

>Llllllll
how do you pronounce that?

>>757921
I'm not seeing the animal crossing connection but then I've never played those.

That would seem to imply Jannet's also a cameo but I've no clue from what.

Anyway, Henry.
>>
No. 757994 ID: 21d67e

Hrrm. Santa's wife, Kermit the Frog and a Minnish...Ehh, Let's ask about the traveller herself-the mafia guys are mafia but if they're that obvious I think we can explain all that's needed to know there.
>>
No. 759416 ID: 66014d

... You just gave your intel to ONE OF THE WITCH'S SPYMASTERS. And she ninja vanished so that might be her actual power, which may include INSTANT TELEPORTATION BETWEEN TIERS OR TO GATEWAYS. AND she considers you a high-priority target because you have a near-useless version of a power that everyone on Tier Six is afraid of.

AND she fed you crack, not dandruff weed.

Way to go, genius.

Find Gina and Logan and get out of the city, NOW.
>>
No. 759420 ID: 384d90

Wait, the just takes off her gloves at the end? But she's drawn barehanded while writing, and two updates ago!
So, where should we go next? Join Gina in the library?
>>
No. 759422 ID: 2fd094

>>759420
>(Wait, the just takes off her gloves at the end? But she's drawn barehanded while writing, and two updates ago!)

(So she is, thank you for pointing this out. I'll edit the images to match the writing.)
>>
No. 759423 ID: cdddb5

Possible? But I kind of doubt it...I hope. Though to be honest, given the introduction Polo gave of her, it seemed like she'd hear about us one way or another...
So there's more to Book powers than meets the eye. Sounds nice in theory. I personally lack any real ideas of what to write to get it to do something... you ever write 'Pepper Ann' into the book? Maybe that does something.
Or writing a sentence starting with/involving the word 'energia'.
>>
No. 759425 ID: 9876c4

>>759423
I think we should mess around with writing various true and false statements in the book.

Everything from accurate accounts of a day at the pool, to BS Nostradamus prophecies.

See what, if anything, sticks around after 1 minute.
>>
No. 760818 ID: 2fd094
File 147986941347.png - (290.16KB , 1500x1500 , 40.png )
760818

>>757916

>>757919
>>757921
>>757986
>>757994


(Author's Note: Brace yourselves, this is gonna be a big one. Also, trying something slightly different. Questions and answers will be in bold to distinguish from the rest of the text.)


Ann "Alright then... Henry, tell me a bit more about yourself." I give Henry a small glare to make sure she knows I mean business. She meets my glare with a vacant stare. I wouldn't be surprised if she told me that her real power is maintaining the same expression for elongated periods of time.

Henry "...Fine, however..." As she says this, she pulls the small book from earlier out of her hood. She turns her gaze towards the pages, as she starts flipping through them. She stops on one and looks back up at me. Her expression is unchanged.

Henry "I have a few questions for you as well." I notice a pencil in Henry's hand, displaying her intent to record my answers. I don't have anything to hide, so this condition is perfectly fine with me.

Ann "I have no problem with that. Why don't we take turns asking?"

Henry "..'K."

Ann "Okay, then I'll go first." I take a deep breath, and think carefully. If I word my question wrong, I may not receive the answers I'm looking for.

Ann "That book you have out, it contains information on people that you yourself have no connection to. What I'm wondering is, what do you do with that information?"

Henry "..." I can see Henry thinking carefully about her own response. After a long pause, she answers my question.

Henry "...The same thing that I did with you here. I tell people who've never been to this Tier about residents and events."

Ann "Wait, so you're essentially the guide character from every game that explains things to the protagonists? Also, that isn't one of my questions. You don't have to answer that."

Henry "...Pretty much." While I don't think Henry is lying to me, I don't think that she's being completely honest either. If she had been, she wouldn't have had to think so carefully about her answer. It's strange.

Henry "..My turn. What is your energia?" That's about what I expected from her. She wants info for her log. I don't have any problem with telling her.

Ann "I can summon a book." I say, as I materialize the book between us. Right as the words leave my mouth, Henry reels back slightly.

Henry "W-What does it do?" Did she just stutter? Why is she so nervous all of a sudden?

Ann "It doesn't really DO anything. I can make it appear and disappear, you can only write in it with this specific pen, and anything you write disappears after a few seconds." Henry takes this all in, and returns to her neutral state.

Henry "..Is that's all?"

Ann "What? Were you expecting more?"

Henry "Yes. It's common knowledge that you should never underestimate book energia. Their powers tend to be much further reaching than any other specialization."

Ann "Oh, well that's another reason to be disappointed in this thing." I dispel the useless tome back to wherever it goes when I do this.

Henry "Hey, no such thing as useless energia."

Ann "I know a guy at my school who could yodel pasta into existence." This is a fact. Craig Finnoli, the star of Alucard High's baseball team. Very nice guy, but there's a reason people joke about his brain being made out of pasta.

Henry "It's all about how you spin it. You know a guy who will never go hungry."

Ann "Touché. Anyways, it's my turn."

Henry "Unless we count you saying, 'Were you expecting more?' as a question."

Ann "..."

Henry "..I mean, I wasn't going to."

Ann "Not to complain, but you've gotten a lot more vocal since my book came out."

Henry "Eh, it spooked me awake." As nice as this chat is, I need to focus now. What should I ask her...

Ann "I can easily conclude that you've been to other Tiers before. You all but said so earlier. Instead, I'll ask you what Tier you spend the most time in?"

Henry "...Tier six." NOW we're getting somewhere.


...Wait, what did she say?


Ann "That's where the witch lives!"

Henry "Yeah, and this Tier is where Polo is. Correlation doesn't imply causation." She makes a good point.

Ann "Right, fine. Your turn." Henry turns to her book, and thinks for a bit. While she ponders that, I turn to my left and call to the chef.

Ann "Hey, Marley!" He hears me, and walks over.

Marley "What can I do for you?"

Ann "Could I get some water, I'm parched."

Marley "No problemo! Water's always free, so don't even pull out the card. Be back in a jiffy." Marley runs into the kitchen to fill a glass.

Henry "Ann, I've got one for you."

Ann "Go ahead."

Henry "What are the names of the people you came with?" Before I answer, I think about everything that I've said up 'til this point.

Ann "How did you know that I came in a group? I never mentioned my friends once."

Henry "You seem too smart to do something that foolhardy. It's much easier for me to believe that you gathered a few of your pals, and went through the gate together." That's fair, and I'm not just agreeing with her because she called me smart. I will, however, allow myself to feel smug for a few seconds.


Ahh, feels good.


Ann "I came with my friends Gina Cortez and Logan Faust." Henry jots the names I gave her down on separate pages.

Henry "If you don't mind me taking a double turn, what are their energia?"

Ann "Gina can conjure, manipulate, and endure fire." Henry stops writing, and looks up at me.

Henry "All three?"

Ann "Yep." She takes a moment to process that, and writes down what I said. She looks back towards me, non-verbally telling me to continue.

Ann "Logan can... Well, he's never actually told me what he can do; but I'm pretty sure that his power is... Shouting?" Henry nods her head, and writes it down.

Henry "Can he control it? Is it a passive type, or an alteration type?"

Ann "I'm not sure. I only figured that much out recently. He's usually a quiet person, so I went a long time not knowing." Right when Henry finishes writing, Marley comes back from the kitchen. He places a clear glass of water in front of me.

Marley "Sorry for the wait, Peg held me up for a spill. Here ya' go." I give him my thanks, and he returns to the group that I can only assume are his friends at this point. I take a sip, and turn back to Henry.

Ann "If you want to ask Logan about his power, we're all staying at the inn."

Henry "I'll keep it in mind. By the way, that was my last question. You only get one more, make it count." Honestly, I'm surprised that this conversation has gone on as long as it has. I could have sworn that she had somewhere to be.


One last question, and I know exactly what I want to ask.


Ann "Earlier, you were being rather vague. While I can attribute your initial ambiguity to exhaustion, both in body and with my questions, the way that you've been answering questions regarding yourself has been unusually uncertain. Please tell me the reason behind this." Henry's reaction is subtle. She avoids my eyes, and slouches slightly. I can tell that I've hit a sore spot for her.

Henry "..."

Ann "..."

Henry "..I think that you'll figure it out soon enough."

Ann "That's not really an answer."

Henry "If you asked me what the meaning of life was, I couldn't give you an answer for that either. Some questions just weren't meant to be answered." A.K.A, I don't like your question, so I'm ignoring it.

Henry "Anywho, it's about time that I head out. I'm already an hour late to an appointment."

Ann "You're an hour late! But we've been talking for half-an-hour tops."

Henry "Well, I was half-an-hour late when we started. Now it's an hour. I'm late regardless, so what's the difference."

Ann "..."

Henry "It's been nice talking to you. I'll see you around." Henry stands up, stretches, and takes off her gloves.

Henry "Oh, one more thing. You're going after the witch, right?"

Ann "Yes, why?"

Henry "In that case, let me give you a piece of advice..." Henry turns towards me with a very serious expression.





Henry "If you want a chance of surviving past Tier three, you'd better figure out what that book of yours does."


I stare at Henry, stunned by her suddenly sobering words. She gives me a small smile, and adds:

Henry "I'd appreciate it if you lived. Maybe we can chat again on Tier three." With that, Henry claps her hands together. She vanishes the moment her palms connect, leaving me alone in a crowded restaurant.
>>
No. 760819 ID: 2fd094

Somehow, I managed to accidentally delete the last update while trying to report it for image replacement. Nothing has changed besides the image, so you don't need to read through it again if you did before. The next update is in development.
>>
No. 762070 ID: 2fd094
File 148036102868.gif - (5.30MB , 800x800 , 41.gif )
762070

>>760818

>>759416
>... You just gave your intel to ONE OF THE WITCH'S SPYMASTERS. And she ninja vanished so that might be her actual power, which may include INSTANT TELEPORTATION BETWEEN TIERS OR TO GATEWAYS. AND she considers you a high-priority target because you have a near-useless version of a power that everyone on Tier Six is afraid of.

>AND she fed you crack, not dandruff weed.

>Way to go, genius.

>Find Gina and Logan and get out of the city, NOW.


..No, things are far less awful then you think. Firstly, Henry fed me nothing but information. The druggy dandruff, which seems to be a point of contention for you voices, came from Marley.

Secondly, it's too early to say whether or not Henry works for the witch. Think back to the questions that she asked me. All she wanted to know was what my power was, who my friends were, and what they had. If Henry worked for the witch, why wouldn't she just get that information from the inn that my group is staying at. Regardless of whether or not the innkeepers would give that info away, Henry can teleport. She could easily warp in, copy the forms, and then warp out. Common sense dictates that that's how she'd do it.

However, you are partially right. Henry was acting way too suspicious. She's hiding something. I can't fully deny that she has connections to the witch, but I lack the evidence to completely prove it either.

Thirdly, The information that I gave Henry was in no way secret. Even if the witch received this information, there isn't a lot that she can do with it. If she had the ability to kill somebody with just their names, then we were dead from the start. The very worst that she could do with that info is prepare countermeasures to our abilities. Admittedly, that's not good for us, but it shouldn't come up anytime soon. Out of the tens of thousands of people that came from Earth, we're probably not at the top of the priority list. By the time we are considered a threat, we'll have likely already used our powers by then.

With all of this in mind: I can confidently say that even if Henry was working for the witch, a theory which contains many logical holes at this point, the information that I have given her can't be used against us.


>>759423
>Possible? But I kind of doubt it...I hope. Though to be honest, given the introduction Polo gave of her, it seemed like she'd hear about us one way or another...
>So there's more to Book powers than meets the eye. Sounds nice in theory. I personally lack any real ideas of what to write to get it to do something... you ever write 'Pepper Ann' into the book? Maybe that does something.
Or writing a sentence starting with/involving the word 'energia'.

>>759425
>I think we should mess around with writing various true and false statements in the book.

>Everything from accurate accounts of a day at the pool, to BS Nostradamus prophecies.

>See what, if anything, sticks around after 1 minute.


With barely any effort, I summon my... energia. Ugh, that's gonna take a while to grow on me. Anyways, Henry's last statement was ominous. I don't know what she was trying to warn me about, but it would behoove me to listen to her advice. I'm going to try your suggestions out. If that doesn't work, then I'll try different things until it's time to head back.


>>759420
>So, where should we go next? Join Gina in the library?


You can go wherever you want. If you see my friends, tell them I said hi. As for me, it's time that I get to work.

...

...

...

Logan "Alright, looks like I'm packed and ready to go." The L-16 is ready to go at any time. All that's left is to get Polo; and with my voice, that shouldn't be a problem.
>>
No. 762071 ID: 094652

Anna's at the bar, Gina's at the library. Pick a route and get going.
>>
No. 762077 ID: 9876c4

Sounds like we're back with Logan. You're getting a tour of the city?
>>
No. 762081 ID: 398fe1

Hey Logan have you ever tried fine control of the tone, pitch, etc of your voice? Maybe you can use it as a way to shatter resonant materials. Or maybe you can control it so well you can mimic sounds?
>>
No. 763828 ID: 2fd094
File 148099194065.png - (216.53KB , 1500x1500 , 42.png )
763828

>>762070

>>762081
>Hey Logan have you ever tried fine control of the tone, pitch, etc of your voice? Maybe you can use it as a way to shatter resonant materials. Or maybe you can control it so well you can mimic sounds?


..Not really. I have a hard enough time keeping it at a normal volume. Trying to tamper with pitch or tone in addition sounds tremendously difficult. Not to mention painful. I'd probably go deaf before I could adjust it.


>>762077
>Sounds like we're back with Logan. You're getting a tour of the city?


That's the plan. I was planning on asking Polo, as his job should allow for ventures such as this. He might be busy however, in which case I'd simply explore on my own. The tour isn't more of a guise to ask him some of my many questions about this Tier.

The problem is, I don't know where he lives. Trying to find him would eat into my time, and it wouldn't have as much time to talk. Luckily, I've got a way to find him lickety-split.

..It feels a bit weird. I can think of only a few times that I've ever done this willingly. I guess that I should just be happy that my power is coming in handy for once. I savor the moment, as I suck in air. After holding it in for a few seconds, I call out Polo's name.
>>
No. 763829 ID: 2fd094
File 148099202026.gif - (444.41KB , 1280x1280 , 43.gif )
763829

>>763828

POLO!!! PLEASE COME TO THE INN!!!

...

I wonder if he heard me?
>>
No. 763830 ID: 9876c4

You must be a real Ace at Marco Polo.
>>
No. 763832 ID: 094652

>>763830
Methinks the sonic force would crush the organs of anyone swimming.

So yes.
>>
No. 763843 ID: 398fe1

Are you even sure you're suffering hearing loss from this? Like, do your ears ring after shouting really loud?
>>
No. 763902 ID: ba506f

I feel like he heard you but it might take him a minute to find you seeing as he more then likely needs to change into a fresh pair of pants.
>>
No. 764913 ID: 2fd094
File 148135558948.png - (188.79KB , 1500x1500 , 44.png )
764913

>>763829

>>763843
>Are you even sure you're suffering hearing loss from this? Like, do your ears ring after shouting really loud?


I always find it difficult to explain how using my power feels, but I'll try. On the one hand, it hurts. My ears ring, my head feels woozy, and I'm disoriented slightly. The strange part is, it feels equally good. It feels like there used to be something swelling up inside of me, and I'm finally able to let it out. Don't get confused, I can go forever without saying anything. It just, feels kind of nice to occasionally talk in the most natural way for me.

I don't know if that helps, it confuses me too. I hope that you at least understand it better.


>>763830
>You must be a real Ace at Marco Polo.


Not a chance, I can't swim. I never learned how to at a young age; and somewhere along the line, I learned...


>>763832
>Methinks the sonic force would crush the organs of anyone swimming.


...that. Sound and water don't mix. I'd be endangering everyone by getting into the water with them. The second I learned that, age nine, I decided to avoid swimming all together.

Polo "Yikes! Looks like you did a number on your window. And... everyone else's too." Without any warning, Polo had already shown up at my window (which was now missing whatever broken glass had previously remained). It couldn't have taken him any longer than a minute. I give him a small wave, before taking in his words. I stop myself from verbalizing my initial reaction, and calm myself down. Very carefully, I ask Polo:

Logan "What do you mean by, everyone else's?"

Polo "There are a lot of shattered windows on this side of the inn. You're lucky that there were, it made it easier to figure out which inn you were staying at." I instinctively gulp. Accidental property damage and me have gone hand in hand for as long as I can remember. I'm not typically reckless, but one outburst is all it takes to shatter nearby glass; and this time, I was trying to be loud. Polo seems to notice my slight distress, and speaks.

Polo "Don't worry about it. This place is used to guests accidentally wrecking things. It's what happens when you deal with loads of people, all with different energia, and all in a foreign situation. I'm more impressed by how you managed to burn that bed." I take a quick glance at Gina's mattress. She already told me what happened this morning, but Polo wasn't here for that.

Logan "N-No, I didn't, that-"

Polo "I know, I know... Gina, right?" I nod my head at his answer.

Polo "That figures. Anyways, down to business. What were you calling me for? How can I help you?"

Logan "I-I-I was hoping that you'd be able t-to give m-me a tour of the city." The words are slow to leave my mouth, as each one attempts to exit with great power. Polo's face lights up.

Polo "I'd love to! I love showing newcomers around town, they always get amazed at how we do things. Grab what you want to take with you, and hop on." Polo extends his cloud into my window, and makes a small set of cloud stairs. I check my belongings before I leave. My dimensional pocket is disabled, my L-16 is in perfect working order, I have around three hours of charge left on my Crystal3D, and I have my visitor permit in my back pocket. After confirming all of this, I walk out onto Polo's cloud. As he pulls his makeshift stairs in, I start mentally gathering up all of the things that I wanted to ask him.

Oh, by the way, feel free to throw in a few questions of your own if you'd like. You might think of something that I didn't pay much mind to, so it may be beneficial for each of us.
>>
No. 764921 ID: 398fe1

>>764913
>managed to burn that bed
Wait, was it fire resistant?

Also um, has your hearing gotten worse over time? You've been accidentally shouting your whole life so far, so if it's been damaging you, you should've seen the effects by now.
>>
No. 765099 ID: 9876c4

Let's get the official tour.

If we see something fun off the beaten path, we can stop him.
>>
No. 766150 ID: 2fd094
File 148184940802.png - (259.57KB , 1500x1500 , 45.png )
766150

>>764913

>>764921
>managed to burn that bed
>Wait, was it fire resistant?

>Also um, has your hearing gotten worse over time? You've been Accidentally shouting your whole life so far, so if it's been damaging you, you should've seen the effects by now.


I'm not sure about the bed, but I'm pretty sure that Polo was telling a joke before. On the topic of hearing damage, I can give a much more detailed answer.

If I maintained the conversation output of either Ann or Gina, then I would have gone deaf years ago. To prevent this, I've taken many precautions. I try to stay calm and collected when I speak, as it helps me maintain a normal speaking voice. When it comes to conversation, I try to avoid it all together when I can. If I can make a point using a non-verbal gesture, then that's what I'll do. Luckily for me, the Cortezes are very accommodating. Mrs. Cortez taught Gina and I sign-language when I was just four, so that we would feel more comfortable talking to one another. I hadn't quite grasped the concept of volume control by then, so it meant a lot to me.

It feels like yesterday honestly. I never forgot those lessons. Mrs. Cortez really studied hard, so that she'd be able to answer any of our questions. She really is the best...

All of that aside, I have suffered some damage. It's only minor hearing loss at this point, but it's only gonna get worse. I'm going to need a hearing aid in the near future. Hopefully, not until after this whole quest is through. It's rather unlikely that we'd be able to find an ear doctor up here.


>>765099
>Let's get the official tour.

>If we see something fun off the beaten path, we can stop him.


Polo "Say, uh, Logan? You... You doing okay?"

Logan "Y-Yes, why?"

Polo "You've been silent for like a minute. Is something up?" Right! I'm was getting a tour from Polo. I got distracted by the personal questions. Polo doesn't know about you guys, so in his eyes, I just shut down for no good reason.

Logan "Sorry, I... was just gathering my thoughts." Polo gives me a curious look, but drops it quickly.

Polo "Alright kid, get ready for the first stop on our tour." With little delay, we hovered above the city at a brisk pace. From where we were, I was given a better view of the city then last time. The structures below are a strange mixture of old and modern. In some areas, I see brick and mortar buildings. In other sections, I see wooden structures with design aspects reminiscent of medieval times. It's a curious spread, that makes me question how it came to be this way.

Eventually, our cloud comes to a stop. I hear an unknown male voice speak.

??? "Salutations, Polo. What's going on? I didn't give off the signal. What brings you here?" I peek my head out from behind Polo, and see the source of the voice. A bald man, wearing an armored vest, is standing at our height. A quick glance leads to the realization that he isn't standing on fifty foot stilts, but is actually manning what appears to be a watch tower.

Polo "Don't mind us, Benji. I wanted to give Logan here a good look at Towne, and your tower just happens to be the best spot for that. Would ya' mind if I floated above your fort for a bit?"

Benji "Go right ahead. Just... please don't rain on me. Again."

Polo "I am so sorry about that. I sneezed, it rattled Puff. It was an unfortunate mistake."

Benji "I know, it's fine. It was hot out anyways. You've got permission, head on up."

Polo "Thanks!" With a quick wave of goodbye, we ascended.
>>
No. 766249 ID: ba506f

so he can make his cloud rain? what else can he do with it?
>>
No. 768510 ID: 2fd094
File 148288200561.png - (466.77KB , 1920x1080 , 46.png )
768510

>>766150


After traveling upwards at a decent speed (just slow enough to prevent nausea), we come to a halt in midair. Polo maneuvers his cloud, so that we're sitting side by side facing Towne. The view is breathtaking. At this height, I can just barely see the other villagers. They look like specks from here, it's incredible. I can't help but be taken aback by the sight.

After a few minutes of simply staring, Polo speaks up.

Polo "Pretty cool view, right?" I nod my head in response.

Polo "Yeah, most folks enjoy the spectacle. Anyways, before I start pointing out locations, do you have any questions"


>>766249
>so he can make his cloud rain? what else can he do with it?


Logan "What all can Puff do?"

Polo "Puff here? He's got quite a few powers. For the most part, he's a cloud that I can manipulate and ride. Aside from that, he's a cloud. He does cloud stuff. Rain, thunder and lightning, mist, etc. He's got it all." That makes sense, but it brings up a new question.

Logan "Is Puff your power, or is general cloud manipulation?"

Polo "Why, Puff is of course. I have no link to other clouds. I can't move 'em, ride them, talk to them."

Logan "You talk to Puff?" Whoops, my voice leaked a bit there.

Polo "Yeah, though he doesn't say much. He doesn't really have a mouth or anything." I... don't know if I want to continue this topic. I don't want to hear anything that will make me question the sanity of a man holding me far above the ground. Let's change the subject.

Logan "The buildings here look really... blocky. Why is that?"

Polo "There aren't many construction experts in Towne, so most of these were done by inexperienced civilians."

Logan "Um, how old is Towne?"

Polo "Let's see... The first building was constructed in around..."

Polo "Ah, right. Towne is three years old."


What?


I stop myself from vocalizing my confusion. Instead, I try to clear my head and think. This place is three years old. The Earth portal only popped up two years ago. So then, I don't... I'm missing something. Let's just... calm down and ask.

Logan "W-W-Why is t-this place so new?"

Polo "Simple, Towne was built to be a safe haven for all races. See, when the gate between Tiers two and three appeared, there was a long adjustment period. Initially, there were some scuffles between people from both sides over stupid issues. Towne was built next to the gate as a place for both races, sharian and felt, to interact peacefully."

That explains a lot. Towne was built to be an open community from the ground up. That's why the people we've met here have been nothing but nice. They literally moved here because they believed that we could all live together.

Or, technically, they believed that Tiers two and three could live together; but the jump to two and one isn't all that massive.

Polo "Anywho, it's about time that I begin the official tour. Staying at this height for too long makes me sick, so I'll try to make it fast. Just point at a building, and I'll tell you about it." Ah, so that's his idea of a tour. Technically, this isn't much better than looking at a map; but I'm sure Polo has more to say about these places.

Logan "Umm, Gina went to the library. Where is that?"

Polo "The library is over in Housing District A. It's on the right. The circular building next to the tower. All of those buildings are homes, including the skyscraper."

Logan "Who lives in that tower?"

Polo "Like, forty different people." Ah, so it's more of an apartment complex than a home.

Polo "That line of buildings by the other watchtower is Housing District B; and district C is below us."

Logan "You don't need to point out everything, just the important things."

Polo "Ah, here ya loud and clear. Alright, interesting stuff it is. See those five colorful buildings grouped together near the center? All of those are stores. Same with the buildings across the street from them, and the small stands close by. That's the marketplace. If you need to buy anything, that's the place to go."

Logan "The red one is the restaurant, right? That's where Ann went."

Polo "Yep, that's Marley's place. They've got great food, I'm sure she'll love it. Next to it is the bakery, another place that I'd recommend checking out. They've got the best muffins in this Tier."

Logan "You have muffins here?"

Polo "The best! The beige building on its left is the tailor. If you need anything patched up, or you want a new outfit, there's the place to swing by." That may be useful in the future. Maybe not for me, but Gina could always use a few more jackets.

Polo "Another notable place is the tavern. It's the building that looks nicer than all of the buildings around it. Marley's restaurant may have better food, but the tavern is a popular hang out place during the evening." That's... less useful. I'm too young to drink, so I can't see myself going there.

Logan "Hey, that's Wilson's house. What are the buildings beside it?"

Polo "The blue rectangular thing isn't a building. It's just a block."

Logan "...Why is it there?"

Polo "I don't know. It's been there for a while. Somebody should probably pick it up. The beige building next to it is part of the school. I don't remember what they use it for, but it's probably just a shed storage area."

This city seems pretty self-sufficient. They have a farm, a school, a market, etc. The only concern I have is that I don't see much water in the town, but clearly they've got a system for that.


Polo "..So, Logan, mind if I ask you a question?"

Logan "You may."

Polo "Why did you come to this Tier?"
>>
No. 768513 ID: 398fe1

>>768510
Adventure!

Don't tell him about your plan to kill the witch, obviously. You are essentially in enemy territory and cannot trust any natives, friendly though they may be.
>>
No. 768516 ID: 7802a8

Tell him the important part of the truth: The reason you came is to prevent the destruction of your Tier. Nothing less would be a rational justification for throwing yourself and your friends into an alien portal that could have killed you or sent you to a reality beyond mortal comprehension.

You are determined to prevent the deaths of six billion people. You will resort to grim and gruesome measures, but you would prefer the subtle approach.
>>
No. 769586 ID: 2fd094
File 148330505294.png - (237.23KB , 1500x1500 , 47.png )
769586

>>768510

>>768513
>Adventure!

>Don't tell him about your plan to kill the witch, obviously. You are essentially in enemy territory and cannot trust any natives, friendly though they may be.

>>768516
>Tell him the important part of the truth: The reason you came is to prevent the destruction of your Tier. Nothing less would be a rational justification for throwing yourself and your friends into an alien portal that could have killed you or sent you to a reality beyond mortal comprehension.

>You are determined to prevent the deaths of six billion people. You will resort to grim and gruesome measures, but you would prefer the subtle approach.


Logan "My Tier is in danger. My friends and I came to try and save it." I think that's sufficiently vague. Honestly, I don't think it will matter in the end. If Polo has been dealing with humans for as long as he said he has...

Polo "That's a good reason, but it's not the full story. Right?" ..Then he should already know why so many are coming here.

Logan "T-The one who's endangering us is the witch. Do you know who she is?"

Polo "The witch is the queen of Tiers two through six, excluding Tier four. She's the one who's supposed to be responsible for the extinction of humanity. I've heard it from almost every human that comes through here. They're all aiming to take her life, and spare their race from extermination. You're goals are the same, right."

Logan "S-She's the queen?" Okay, that was loud even by my standards. I'm glad that we're not in the city right now. Some of those buildings have nice looking windows.

Logan "H-How do you know that it's her?"

Polo "Because she's the only person that I know of who's trying to wipe out Tier one."

Logan "W-Why would she do that."

Polo "She has her reasons. You're honestly better off not knowing for now, trust me. Now, give me a clear answer. Are you and your friends going to try and stop her."

Logan "Y-Yes. A-Are you okay w-with that?"

Polo "...No, I'm not."

Logan "W-What?" Before I can say anything else, Polo's fist is on my head noogieing away.

Polo "You dummy! How old are you, sixteen? You've got your whole life ahead of you. Don't go throwing it away."

Logan "Actually, I'm only fifteen; but I won't have a life ahead of me if my Tier is destroyed." Polo let's go of me.

Polo "Fifteen, jeez. You should be worrying about homework and crushes, not the fate of your world. Can't you just let someone else handle it?"

Logan "Have you tried going about your life, knowing that your species may be extinct by the end of the year?" Polo didn't respond. We both sat there in silence. I could have said more, but my voice was aching from the conversation. After a short bit of silence, Polo speaks up.

Polo "So, how are you gonna do it?"

Logan "Hmm?"

Polo "The queen has an entire army at her side, spanning multiple Tiers. How are you going to even make it to her?"

Logan "Err... I don't know."

Polo "Let me tell you something: If you go to Tier 3, you're going to have a run-in with the queen's men. Heck, with Prattford around, you could even get into trouble here. You've gotta have some means of self-defense."

Logan "My friends do. Gina can protect herself, Ann has the gun I gave her, and... I'm not planning to stray far from them."

Polo "You say, while floating about a mile over the city they're in."

Logan "T-This is different."

Polo "Come on, Logan. What about that voice of yours? You could probably use it to keep enemies away."

Logan "But, what about Ann and Gina? If I'm with them, then I could easily hurt them too."

Polo "Er, I suppose that's true..."

Logan "The closest thing I have to self-defense is this, and I haven't even tested it in an actual fight." I hold up my briefcase as I say this.

Polo "That's a weapon? I thought you were just carrying around a snack or something in there. What is it?"

Logan "It's a prototype. I didn't have much time to test it; but it worked better than previous models, so it's the one I brought."

Polo "That's not really an answer. What is it?"

Logan "It's... something I designed to make up for my meager strength."

Polo "It's not a lethal weapon, right?"

Logan "N-No, why?"

Polo "Because if all you need is to test it in a fight, then I could probably help you out with that."

Logan "What do you mean?"

Polo "Let's spar."
>>
No. 769598 ID: 79a07e

>>769586
Aight. Sounds like a plan.
>>
No. 772056 ID: 2fd094
File 148427507182.png - (118.27KB , 1500x1500 , 48.png )
772056

>>769586

Logan "Do you... have experience?"

Polo "Like, combat experience? Of course I do. I help Wilson train three times a week. I can't say that I'm an expert, or that I'm better than him, but I'm probably better than you. Isn't that what you're looking for?" I suppose that it is. I just want to get some idea of how others will respond to the L-16. If I can predict the movement of an opponent, then I should be able to win.

Polo "I know how to fight hand-to-hand. If that won't help you out, then I do have a few different ranged attacks. Honestly though, you're probably not ready for them. The only man I know who can take a lightning bolt from Puff here is Wilson, and he doesn't count."

Logan "Wouldn't I need to know how to fight someone close up, regardless of my preferences?"

Polo "That's true. One sec, let me land us. I'm thinking... down there, by the research lab." As Polo said this, Puff steadily descended towards an empty patch of land nearby a dark building."

Polo "So, what kind of weapon are you carrying? Is it like what Ann had?" With those words, Polo placed us back on the ground. I step off of Puff, and then pick up my suitcase.]

Logan "No, Ann's revolver was intentionally d-designed for Ann's preferences. She wanted something p-powerful, that wouldn't take y-y-years of experience to use. I designed my tool, t-t-to make up for my lackluster physicality. If you're good at h-hand-to-hand combat, then you're exactly who I should be testing it against."

After that speech, I'm basically gasping for breath. Polo gives me a minute to recover. I take a few deep breaths, and open up my suitcase. I sit down, and start pulling things out. Polo can't help but stare at all of the pieces, and he asks once more:

Polo "What is that?" His face is full of bewilderment. I take one more breath, and try to explain the intricacies of my weapon in as few words as possible.


Logan "It's a super suit."
>>
No. 772061 ID: 2fd094
File 148427528117.png - (370.76KB , 1500x1500 , 49.png )
772061

The L-16 model powered exoskeleton is something that I've been designing for a while. We've been planning this quest for half a year; so I had time to experiment. There were (as you might assume) fifteen different version before this one. The first ten never made it past the planning phase, due to a number of different design flaws. Eleven and twelve were scrapped after I designed the batteries, as I figured out a better way to handle power immediately after each one. I really should have just skipped thirteen, but I wasn't going to let an omen ruin my numerical naming system. I would however let the fact that it exploded upon activation be a sign that I should return to the drawing board.

Fourteen was the first blueprint that made it all the way past construction. It was almost perfect, almost. It just had a tiny flaw, where it became impossible to take off if it ran out of power. That ended with a fun family game of "Follow Logan's directions exactly, or Logan loses a limb". A game that becomes phenomenally harder, when the person wearing the suit can only talk in the language of screaming.

Fifteen was tested numerous times to confirm that no such glitch was present, before even a piece ended up on my body. It was a success! It amplified my movements in the ways it was supposed to; was light enough to be removed, when its power was depleted; and it was durable enough to take at least a few hits from a hammer (swung by Gina) before bending. I was originally planning to take this version with me, and then...

Mr. Cortez surprised me one day. Apparently, he had gotten his hands on a bunch of different metals; and he knew that I'd be interested. At first, I didn't find anything that stuck out. Then, I saw it. Platinum. I don't know how he did it, but Mr. Cortez got his hands on fifty pounds of platinum. I can only guess that he jumped to a foreign country that mines the stuff, and purchased it straight from the source. However he did it, we had fifty pounds of platinum.

Long story short, the L-16's main body was constructed using an original alloy. It really helps the durability, and the use of other elements helps prevent the weight from becoming unbearable.

...Also, the headband is pure aesthetic. The goggles serve the use of keeping foreign particles out of my eyes, but the headband is just there because I think it looks cool.


Polo "...Wow." Polo's jaw hangs wide open at the sight. I'm sure that he doesn't understand what exactly it is, but he's impressed nonetheless.

Logan "What do you think?"

Polo "It's, uh... It pops out."

Logan "Hmm? What do you mean by that?"

Polo "...Orange and blue. You painted the super suit orange and blue." Oh, I suppose color would be the first thing he noticed.

Logan "Well, color theory says that orange and azure are c-contrasting colors; so I thought they would look good."

Polo "...Kid, I'm not gonna lie. Those colors are making it a lot harder to take you seriously."

Logan "I'll... see if I can get it painted differently when I have the time."

Polo "Forget that, how's it work? Does it make you stronger, faster, or what?"

Logan "There should be notable increases to speed and strength. Can you... take a punch?"

Polo "You don't offer to help train someone if you can't take a punch."

Logan "Alright then..." I stand, facing Polo, in the orthodox position. I studied up on a few fighting styles to determine what sort of stance would be best for me. I don't know if it will matter that much, since I don't have experience with any sort of fighting sport, but I'm trying to improve my odds however I can.


...I'm, not sure how to start. Should I run up and hit him, wait for him to come at me, or do something else?

...

...That last thought was directed at you voices. I'm open to suggestions.
>>
No. 772064 ID: 094652

... Wow.

We... don't have exosuits. In fact, most of our robotics technology has been dumped into designing self-driven robots with remote access from a safe location. There's sheer potential behind what you have right now, but the problem is that nobody wants to be the center of attention in a warzone unless they're in a Titan-class giant robot.

Okay, exosuits are designed for sheer force, your speed and ability to perform heavy attacks at the same time compensates for the severe overall lack of defense. Get in fast with a powerslide, then attack and dodge until you can get a hit on an opening, and lay down a power combo. Do not try to block or parry, your exosuit can't take a battle of attrition at close range.
>>
No. 772081 ID: 79a07e

>>772064
Actually, we DO have exosuits, but they're still VERY largely in their trial phases.
>>
No. 772085 ID: 9dc26d

The frame itself seems sturdy enough, but you're squishy. Unless there's some sort of gauntlet I'm not seeing, if you throw a punch with this thing you will break your hand.

Use sweeping attacks if you must attack. Let the frame take the punishment because you have not prepared your body. If that knobby bit you keep in your palm can take damage, use it for palm strike attacks.

In fighting, almost all melee fighting, you push against the ground to make the most of your strength. I know that sounds obvious and elementary but it's important. If your footing is poor, you lose.

Take a moment and watch Polo, Logan. See what he does. Try to guess how he will move. You've never seen him in a fight, and he doesn't know anything about your fighting abilities, so you both need to get the lay of the land.
>>
No. 772702 ID: cdddb5

Hrrm. It occurs to me he might be able to 'cheat' taking hits by standing on Puff, letting the impact send him flying, and then 'catch' himself via Puff.
In other words, just bluntly impacting him won't work unless you've got enough power to do serious damage on impact, which is where my fellow voice's concerns come in thanks to that Newton law 'Every action has an equal and opposite reaction'...
That said even IF that's an issue, I can think of a work-around! Which is to find large boulder or other simmilarly heavy objects and throw those at people.
>>
No. 772763 ID: dce082

Just a little something to think about, why would you risk your life when you may be able to just settle down in one of the tiers already under the queens rule? considering this town is already filled with people from two other tiers I doubt a third would matter too much to them, they have even been accommodating to you despite knowing that you plan on killing the queen even though this town is under the rule of her son. Honestly what do you think would happen if you killed this seemingly benevolent queen? sure your tier would be safe but the others would probably fall into chaos! are your friends and family really worth assassinating the queen?
>>
No. 774629 ID: 2fd094
File 148536706955.png - (398.57KB , 1500x1500 , 50.png )
774629

>>772061

>>772085
>The frame itself seems sturdy enough, but you're squishy. Unless there's some sort of gauntlet I'm not seeing, if you throw a punch with this thing you will break your hand.
>Use sweeping attacks if you must attack. Let the frame take the punishment because you have not prepared your body. If that knobby bit you keep in your palm can take damage, use it for palm strike attacks.


Fun story about that actually. I have a pair of gauntlets sitting right here in my briefcase. I'd use them if I could, but I haven't had the time to wire them. I wouldn't be able to move the fingers. I'll do it when I have the time. Thankfully, I'll probably have that luxury here. It would be nice if every Tiers is this pleasant.


>In fighting, almost all melee fighting, you push against the ground to make the most of your strength. I know that sounds obvious and elementary but it's important. If your footing is poor, you lose.
>Take a moment and watch Polo, Logan. See what he does. Try to guess how he will move. You've never seen him in a fight, and he doesn't know anything about your fighting abilities, so you both need to get the lay of the land.


Don't worry, obvious and elementary is right at my level. I just need to keep my self grounded to throw good punches, right? I'll keep that in mind. As for approach, you're saying that I should wait and see what he does? That ideas has a decent amount of merit.


>>772064
>Okay, exosuits are designed for sheer force, your speed and ability to perform heavy attacks at the same time compensates for the severe overall lack of defense. Get in fast with a powerslide, then attack and dodge until you can get a hit on an opening, and lay down a power combo. Do not try to block or parry, your exosuit can't take a battle of attrition at close range.


P-Powerslide? How the heck do you do that? Do you just, uh... Maybe... no but friction...

...

What the heck is a powerslide?

Forgetting that one point of confusion, you seem to be under a misconception of regarding my armor. My suit can take a decent bit of damage. It's a platinum alloy, so it's pretty tough. I'm more worried about the man behind the metal. Like the other voice said, I'm squishy. If Polo planned to throw any punches my way, he'd make an effort to avoid the metal. He'd break his fingers if he punched my exoskeleton.

Aside from the incredibly confusing powerslide, you're saying that I should go for the first strike? That's completely contradictory to what the other voice said.


>>772702
>Hrrm. It occurs to me he might be able to 'cheat' taking hits by standing on Puff, letting the impact send him flying, and then 'catch' himself via Puff.
>In other words, just bluntly impacting him won't work unless you've got enough power to do serious damage on impact, which is where my fellow voice's concerns come in thanks to that Newton law 'Every action has an equal and opposite reaction'...
>That said even IF that's an issue, I can think of a work-around! Which is to find large boulder or other simmilarly heavy objects and throw those at people.


Well, I'm not really aiming to hurt him. I just want to land hits, not inflict pain. Polo said that he could handle it, so I don't think it'll hurt him too much. As for your suggested method of attack... it doesn't seem possible. Not only am I lacking boulders, but there's no way that I could actually hit Polo with one. It would be way too slow.

Still that leaves me with two main methods of attack. I could wait for him to strike, or I could try to land the first hit. I look straight at Polo to try and read his actions. He stands still, ready for me to strike. After a few seconds he speaks up.

Polo "If you want to work on defense, then I'll gladly help you with that; but, if you have no experience like you say, then you'd probably learn more by working on your approach. Also, I don't know just how powerful that suit of yours is. It would be nice to have a frame of reference."

His words ring clear. Giving a quick nod of affirmation, I dash towards him. My feet move with great speed, closing the distance between us with ease. I attempt to shove my open palm into his stomach, but he swerves out of the way. I nearly fall over, but just barely maintain my balance. I recover my footing, and try once more to hit him. Once more he moves out of the way of my attack. I'm left throwing a powerful punch at the wall behind him. My hand crashes into the stone, with the metal bit on my palm taking most of the impact. I quickly jerk my hand back, and cradle it. That hurt like hell!

"Dang, you weren't joking about the speed buff you get from that. If I wasn't used to this intensity, I probably wouldn't have been ready for that. If the power increase is anywhere close to the speed, then I might... have a... bad..."

Polo's words lose their energy for some reason. I look at him, and see him starting at the wall I hit. At the point of impact is a well-sized crater. It almost goes as deep as a third of the wall. Polo looks at it with a strange expression on his face.


Would it be wrong to hit him while he's distracted? Technically we're still in a fight, but... Thoughts?
>>
No. 774631 ID: 6e99ea

>>774629
Wait until he gets back on his guard, you can't take risks until you perfectly master the suit.
>>
No. 774645 ID: 8ea4f0

You may want to tone it down. Use area attacks - they'll lower your force to manageable levels while also increasing your general accuracy so you can actually hit Polo.
>>
No. 774825 ID: 9dc26d

Don't hit him when he's contemplating how badly his overconfidence could have made things go for him. This is sparring, not a fight. Sparring against an untrained person is much more dangerous than sparring against a trained fighter. The trained person will know how to pull a punch, how to not break their sparring partner.

That's not to say this style of teaching is too dangerous. If Polo's tougher than he looks, maybe he can take that kind of accidental abuse. But it's up to Polo to know his own limits since he's taken on the teacher role here.

Anyway your suit seems to be strong enough that when you're wearing it the rest of the world might as well be made of cardboard. Most of the people with that "problem" grow into it. Their strength develops as they go through puberty and training. They don't just ramp it up to 20/00 from the start.

You have two options: Do what you're doing now and accept there will be property damage and possibly serious injuries or deaths, or learn in stages with your suit. If you can impose limiters on it, do so. Start small, a boost that brings you up to peak human ability, then as you get familiar with that, increase it.
>>
No. 774843 ID: dce082

Seriously dude?! Do you have no honor? This is a sparing match not a battle to the death but based on that first punch and then wanting to attack him while he's distracted even after you saw what your punches could do makes me think that you might turn this into a fight to the death if you aren't careful.
>>
No. 775030 ID: 3247fc

>>774629
It won't gain you any experience and it might just lose you a sparring partner. Don't do it. Keep watching him in case he moves on you, though.
>>
No. 775057 ID: cdddb5

I think you shouldn't. The whole point is to learn how you fight in that thing, so playing dirty is only going to worsen your case...
Hrm. He's shocked at the amount of damage...I wonder if that wall's supposed to be energia proofed or something along those lines. Then again, I dunno if an energia nullifier can deal with, ah, spillover, effects so to speak, like if someone with wind energia blows a boulder into that wall, or something...Well, we can ask polo I guess if he seems particularly shocked.
>>
No. 777757 ID: 2fd094
File 148643633196.png - (222.31KB , 1500x1500 , 51.png )
777757

>>774629

>>774843
>Seriously dude?! Do you have no honor? This is a sparing match not a battle to the death but based on that first punch and then wanting to attack him while he's distracted even after you saw what your punches could do makes me think that you might turn this into a fight to the death if you aren't careful.


N-No! I don't want to do anything like that. I was just unsure on whether or not I was SUPPOSED to. I wasn't sure if letting the opening slide would "disrespect" him as a fighter or something.


>>774645
>You may want to tone it down. Use area attacks - they'll lower your force to manageable levels while also increasing your general accuracy so you can actually hit Polo.


I don't know if I should be relying on my voice here. Polo suggested the match to help me test out the L-16, so focusing on my voice would be going against our agreement. I feel like it should only be used in small doses.


>>774631
>Wait until he gets back on his guard, you can't take risks until you perfectly master the suit.

>>774825
>Don't hit him when he's contemplating how badly his overconfidence could have made things go for him. This is sparring, not a fight. Sparring against an untrained person is much more dangerous than sparring against a trained fighter. The trained person will know how to pull a punch, how to not break their sparring partner.

>>775030
>It won't gain you any experience and it might just lose you a sparring partner. Don't do it. Keep watching him in case he moves on you, though.

>>775057
>I think you shouldn't. The whole point is to learn how you fight in that thing, so playing dirty is only going to worsen your case...

>Hrm. He's shocked at the amount of damage...I wonder if that wall's supposed to be energia proofed or something along those lines. Then again, I dunno if an energia nullifier can deal with, ah, spillover, effects so to speak, like if someone with wind energia blows a boulder into that wall, or something...Well, we can ask polo I guess if he seems particularly shocked.


Ugh, that's a lot of you. I'm developing a headache. I'm... pretty sure that I got all of that. I'll keep it all in mind.


I get back in a fighting stance, and wait for Polo to notice me. After a short bit, he turns to face me. He looks a bit better.

Logan "Are you ready to continue?"

Polo "NO! Uh, I mean, you know how... Hey! Look! Anything else!" Polo gestures frantically, drawing my attention to a noticeable cloud of smoke. It appears to be coming from town.
>>
No. 777760 ID: 2fd094
File 148643654713.png - (447.38KB , 1500x1500 , 52.png )
777760

>>777757


Polo "..Wait, what..." I look at the area of origin. I can't see the gas' origin past the closer building. I wonder if Gina has anything to do with it. Where fire goes, smoke follows.

Logan "Hey, Polo, do you have any idea what's causing that?"

Polo "Not sure, but it looks like a fire. I should take Puff and... fly..." Polo's words trailed off near the end. I looked back at the smoke, wondering if he had seen anything.

I see a red flare soaring through the sky. If I trace the smoke trail, I can tell that it came from Benji's watchtower. It's probably a fire warning, but that doesn't explain what distracted Polo.
>>
No. 777762 ID: 2fd094
File 148643667239.png - (124.71KB , 1500x1500 , 53.png )
777762

>>777760


Logan "Hey, Polo, what's..." I freeze, as I view my guide's face. Polo's expression was filled with horror. He looks like he's going to puke. Whatever that flare means, it isn't good.

Logan "P-P-P-P-Polo? W-W-What's W-Wrong." My voice blasts out, as I fail to contain it. Polo turns to face me, and I swear that his eyes express sadness for just a moment. He takes a breath, and puts on an obviously forced smile.


Polo "Everything is fine, Logan; but I'm gonna have to bail out of this match."
>>
No. 777763 ID: 398fe1

>>777760
Dash into town. You can move fast, time to use it.
>>
No. 777765 ID: cdddb5

Not good! Flare probably is tied to an alarm system of...Some description. I dunno my flares so I can't say what red means and even if I could this IS an alien world...So I'm just going off Polo.
So. Here's what I'm thinking:
It's bad, clearly, he's trying to keep you from panicking, and he's dropping all prior business to handle this. But he also seems to be kinda shutting you out as opposed to say, keeping you in the loop.
So what this all boils down to is this...Do we trust him to handle this even if Gina is involved? Or do we try to make it to the scene ourselves and see what's up? I'd like to trust him honestly. I'm thinking about how others might have screwed this journey up, and from what I can tell the danger zone probably is further along than this town in tier 2 normally. So this is an anomaly if it's a danger from Tier 2...But perhaps less so if it's Gina kicking up the heat for some reason.
>>
No. 777766 ID: 398fe1

I sure as hell don't trust him. He's lying right now.
>>
No. 777786 ID: 9876c4

We can't take the chance that it ISN'T Gina. And we're supposed to watch her back. But if it's something unrelated, we can still be useful.

So right now we've got to decide to convince him to bring us along, or go anyway on our own.
>>
No. 777796 ID: 031944

Grab the others and go to ground.
>>
No. 779797 ID: 2fd094
File 148719410434.gif - (5.67MB , 1330x1330 , 54.gif )
779797

>>777762

>>777765
>Not good! Flare probably is tied to an alarm system of...Some description. I dunno my flares so I can't say what red means and even if I could this IS an alien world...So I'm just going off Polo.
>So. Here's what I'm thinking:
>It's bad, clearly, he's trying to keep you from panicking, and he's dropping all prior business to handle this. But he also seems to be kinda shutting you out as opposed to say, keeping you in the loop.
>So what this all boils down to is this...Do we trust him to handle this even if Gina is involved? Or do we try to make it to the scene ourselves and see what's up? I'd like to trust him honestly. I'm thinking about how others might have screwed this journey up, and from what I can tell the danger zone probably is further along than this town in tier 2 normally. So this is an anomaly if it's a danger from Tier 2...But perhaps less so if it's Gina kicking up the heat for some reason.


Logan "Polo, is... is Gina the one c-causing that s-smoke?" Polo flinches before responding in a downtrodden voice.

Polo "Fire powers, right? Yeah, it's probably her."


>>777763
>Dash into town. You can move fast, time to use it.

>>777786
>So right now we've got to decide to convince him to bring us along, or go anyway on our own.

>>777796
>Grab the others and go to ground.


Logan "If it's Gina, then I shou-"

Polo "Logan, I know that you're worried about your friend. I am too. I need you to understand that your presence would only be a hindrance, lessening my ability to handle the situation. I need you to leave this one to me." Polo hops onto Puff near the end of his explanation.

Logan "Is... S-She's g-g-gonna be okay, right?" Polo stares back at me, wearing another forced smile. He gives me a thumbs up.

Polo "Probably! And don't worry, I'm not going to leave you hanging either. Wait here." Right as he finished speaking, Polo blasted away faster than I've ever seen Puff fly before. I'm alone with nothing but my thoughts for about ten seconds. Polo returns quickly, carrying a familiar person.

Polo "Wilsonstakingoverformedon'tgethitbysupersuithispunchwillbreakyoubye!" Just like that, Polo is gone once more. Wilson and I stand a few feet from one another. Not a word is spoken between us for at least a minute. My mind is still focused on the situation in the middle of the town. I consider bolting over there on my own, against Polo's wishes. Before I can finish the thought, Wilson finally speaks up.

Wilson "It's... What did Polo say your name was? Loaden?"

Logan "Err, no, it's Logan."

Wilson "Logan, Logan, right... Logan, Logan, Logan..." Wilson knocks on his head as though it were a door, while repeating my name. After about ten seconds of rapping, his mind finally opens up.

Wilson "Logan, Logan... Human! Right, you were one of the newer guests. I escorted your group to the inn... yesterday? Two days ago? Yesterday, definitely! Forgive me, It's been a busy week. The past few days have sort of blended together.

Logan "It's fine. I don't mind." I have similar problems after going without sleep for some time. Details blend together, and you lose track of small details. More importantly...

Logan "Umm, what did that red flare mean?" I don't think I'll be able to go on without knowing exactly what's happening to Gina.

Wilson "A red flare? That stands for Prattford problems."

Logan "Prattford?"

Wilson "He's the prince of the Tiers, the guy who lives in the huge castle. Whenever he comes out, something always seems to go wrong. Hence, the signal."

Logan "W-W-What do you think is happening?" Wilson turns towards the smoke, and I notice something as he does. The smoke is mostly dying down.

Wilson "Let's see... the smoke must have been caused by someone else, fire-powers I'd wager. If it was just an incidental pyre, then there wouldn't have been a flare. Most likely..." Wilson turns to me.

Wilson "Somebody with fire-powers probably attacked the prince, failing to realize just how bad a move that would be." My body stiffens. I've known Gina for most of my life. The situation that Wilson just described is possible, but only if she witnessed Prattford doing something that she felt earned him a beating. If she's using her powers, then... I can't fully imagine what's going on over there. The idea of running into town pops into my mind again. I take a few steps towards the area, before Wilson places a hand on my shoulder.

Wilson "If you're worried about your friend, then I have good news for you. Polo is a veteran in solving these kinds of situations. Your friend will likely be a bit injured at worst." I look at Wilson, trying to gauge his honesty. His smile emanates a friendly, genuine sort of aura. I take a deep breath, and change the topic.

Logan "Polo said that you'd fight for him. We were having a training fight, so that I could test out my exoskeleton. Are you... okay with that?" Wilson rubs his chin with his hand.

Wilson "I'm pretty sure he said something about me 'breaking' if I got hit by you. Didn't he?" I nod my head. Wilson gets a cocky grin.

Wilson "Well, that shouldn't be a problem at all. Afterall." Wilson gets into a fighting stance.


Wilson "You'll never land a blow on me."
>>
No. 779803 ID: cdddb5

Okay, so resume the fight. I'm thinking if we can't trust polo AND can't deal with this guy, we're not going anywhere.
But I do think we can trust him, and we should trust him-I highly doubt we can go the non-trusting route and expect to last for long, to be frank.
>>
No. 779806 ID: 9876c4

This is bit of a diplomatic pickle.

Wilson is probably slowing you down, to keep you away from the flarezone. For legit purposes, or nefarious ones. But he's one of your hosts, too.

You gotta fight him, and you gotta win well enough so that there's no need for a rematch. And then extricate yourself.
>>
No. 781869 ID: 2fd094
File 148771796089.png - (169.77KB , 1500x1500 , 55.png )
781869

>>779797

>>779803
>Okay, so resume the fight. I'm thinking if we can't trust polo AND can't deal with this guy, we're not going anywhere.
>But I do think we can trust him, and we should trust him-I highly doubt we can go the non-trusting route and expect to last for long, to be frank.


I want to trust Wilson and Polo, I'm just... worried. Not that they have malicious intent, but that this will just be that one out of fifty time where something goes wrong. It probably won't be, but I won't know until we meet up at the inn.


>>779806
>This is bit of a diplomatic pickle.

>Wilson is probably slowing you down, to keep you away from the flarezone. For legit purposes, or nefarious ones. But he's one of your hosts, too.

>You gotta fight him, and you gotta win well enough so that there's no need for a rematch. And then extricate yourself.


I... I won't be able to fight if I'm focused on the situation with Prattford and Gina. If I'm really going to fight Wilson, then I need to clear my head. Before that though, I have to ask...

Logan "Um, how should we do this?"

Wilson "What do you mean? Like, what rules are in place?"

Logan "Y-Yeah, I don't want to hurt you by mis-"

Wilson "Don't worry about it. Focus on landing a punch before you start worrying about me. The only 'rule' is that we stop when asked to. So don't go hitting me after I call timeout, and we'll be okay."

Logan "O-Okay, then get ready. I'm starting now." I get into a fighting stance, as I did before with Polo. Wilson maintains his own stance just a few feet ahead of me.

I take a deep breath, and push off the ground with great force. I close the gap between us in less than a second. My opened palm flies towards his chest-

Before I can land the hit, Wilson intercepts by grabbing my arm. He pushes it perpendicular of himself, redirecting its force away from him. Before I can pull back, Wilson uses his other hand to punch me in the gut. In reality, it was less of a punch and more of him placing his fist in front of me. Either way, it knocked the wind right out of me. He takes a big step back, as I hold my stomach in pain. My body feels heavy, and I can't breath right for a short period. I look back up at Wilson. He's standing at about the same distance as we started from each other, once again in a fighting stance.

Wilson "Nice attempt kid, but you'll have to think a bit smarter than that." I take a minute to catch my breath.

I consider rushing him again, but I silence the idea in lieu of a plan. I examine my memory of what happened after my previous attempt, and prepare to be met with similar methods of disabling my assault. As it stands though, I don't have much to go on. After a little bit of strategizing, I realize that I'm going to need more data.

I dash towards Wilson yet again, prepared for a similar response. I throw the exact same punch as before, and am met with the same response. Right as his arm latches onto mine, I use my other limb to slap him in the face. He ducks before the hit can land, releasing my arm. Before I can fully recover, my legs stop following orders. If I were to guess, I'm pretty sure that Wilson swept them off the ground. All that I can say definitively, is that it ends with me eating dirt.

Wilson "Too straightforward, that won't work against me. I have more experience than you do. Your suit may be stronger, but I know how to use what I have." I look up, spitting out the grass that found its way in my mouth. Wilson is staring at me expectantly, while keeping his distance.


I'd better not keep him waiting!
>>
No. 782030 ID: 9876c4

Reverse the punch with your other hand. He'll start an armbar as usual, taking some extra time to think because it's not your normal hand.

This time, use your momentum to pivot to his side. He'll already be setting up a leg sweep, so kick him. Solar plexus or butt, as available.

If that doesn't work, use your suit's superior weight displacement to try and throw him.
>>
No. 782039 ID: 9f3729

astral project your dick into his mouth so he gets distracted long enough for you to incapacitate him
>>
No. 782040 ID: 6d081c

Time to use your feints! Your exosuit's force gives you the capability to take on stances with multiple openings and still land a solid blow with an unprepared limb! So just be as unpredictable and spontaneous as you possibly @#$%ing can!
>>
No. 782043 ID: 9876c4

>>782039
>Lewding Top Tier
Let's not.
>>
No. 782063 ID: cdddb5

Yeah. Force amplified does not mean redirection is impossible. So I think we've got to try something different...
Maybe less of a dash, and more of a focused jump in his direction? Perferably going over his head-he won't be as experienced with that...I think...Hrrm. I'd say do a slower approach, and react to his attacks-coming in at high speed seems like it's just asking to get sidestepped and then countered.
If I'm right, you can just go 'my suit makes me super strong, I don't NEED to come in swinging.' Don't go for big, clumsy haymakers, do little jabs and let the suit do it's thing.
>>
No. 784862 ID: 2fd094
File 148866789831.gif - (246.73KB , 1440x1440 , 56.gif )
784862

>>781869

>>782030
>Reverse the punch with your other hand. He'll start an armbar as usual, taking some extra time to think because it's not your normal hand.

>This time, use your momentum to pivot to his side. He'll already be setting up a leg sweep, so kick him. Solar plexus or butt, as available.

>If that doesn't work, use your suit's superior weight displacement to try and throw him.


Alright, that was a very good idea ruined by my execution. I can summarize it by saying that it ended with me eating dirt. Went for the pivot, messed up, ate dirt. Wilson tried not to laugh, but it was probably hilarious.

So, uh, any more bright ideas? Preferably something a bit easier to pull off.


>>782040
>Time to use your feints! Your exosuit's force gives you the capability to take on stances with multiple openings and still land a solid blow with an unprepared limb! So just be as unpredictable and spontaneous as you possibly @#$%ing can!


Sounds doable. Let's give it a go!

I get off the ground, and fix my stance. Wilson and I stare each other down, and I run at him. I telegraph a big swing with my right arm, and I can see him preparing to deal with it. At the last second, I throw my left arm forwards into his... air?

Before I can tell where Wilson went, he trips me. I once again make my acquaintance with the ground, faceplanting.

Wilson "Hey, you doing alright Logan?" I don't really give him a response, other than nodding my head slightly as I sit up. He's... really good. I'm starting to think that this is an unwinnable fight. Not that I want to hurt him, I just... want to land at least one solid punch. Is my approach the problem? Maybe my technique?


>>782063
>Yeah. Force amplified does not mean redirection is impossible. So I think we've got to try something different...
>Maybe less of a dash, and more of a focused jump in his direction? Perferably going over his head-he won't be as experienced with that...I think...Hrrm. I'd say do a slower approach, and react to his attacks-coming in at high speed seems like it's just asking to get sidestepped and then countered.
>If I'm right, you can just go 'my suit makes me super strong, I don't NEED to come in swinging.' Don't go for big, clumsy haymakers, do little jabs and let the suit do it's thing.


That could be it. I've been making big powerful swings, but that may not be necessary.

I stand up, and brush a bit of dirt off my my goggles. Wilson stands tall, and I ready myself once more. I slowly begin to approach him, as if he were a sleeping bear. Soon enough, I'm within hitting distance.

Wilson "Going for a slower approach, eh? Give it your best shot." Reacting to his words, I throw a quick jab at his stomach. I expected Wilson to try to dodge or redirect it, like he did previously. What I didn't expect was for him to punch me in the chest. It happened so fast, I could barely see his arm extend. I don't know if I hit him or not, but I immediately went down.

It burned. My chest was on fire. I had trouble breathing after his hit. It took me a second to realize, but he had punched me right about where my heart was. After what felt like an hour, my breathing regulates.

Wilson "You okay, Loland?"

Logan "L-L-Logan. And, y-yes."

Alright, I don't know if I can do that again. We've been out here for about ten minutes, and I already feel exhausted. Also, I'm just starting to realize the major difference in technique here. I get that this was supposed to be a chance to test out my suit, but... I don't think I'll be able to hit him no matter what I do at this rate. I just want to stay down for a while. Maybe watch the clouds for a bit.

...

..

.

Hey, does Wilson know what my power is?
>>
No. 784863 ID: 2fd094
File 148866797369.png - (232.47KB , 1500x1500 , 57.png )
784863

>>784862

I'm scrolling through my memory, and I can't remember one single instance of me really displaying my ability to him. I didn't say much when we first met, and I've kept it contained for our entire discussion here. I don't think he knows.

I said that I didn't want to focus on using my voice, but I never said that I was completely against using it. If I let out a massive roar before I try to land a blow, he may instinctively drop his guard to cover his ears. He'd be wide open. It may be kind of cheap, but, I really don't want to end this without hitting him even once. I think that I can do it.

What do you guys think? Leap at him with a high-powered screech, or try something else?
>>
No. 784866 ID: cdddb5

Hrrm. Only thing is I'm fairly sure he heard your inital yell from this morning, if only because yanno, you screamed across town to get Polo's attention...
Then again that is different from being at ground zero.
>>
No. 784874 ID: 9876c4

I think that has some potential, yes.
>>
No. 784879 ID: b412df

As long as you keep your volume below the threshold for hearing damage, should be fine. Have you thought of not just amplified yelling, but other vocalisations? e.g. A low rumble (The kind you can actually feel) amplified might throw him off without harming his hearing.

While you've got a lot of force here, redirection and dodging is his only option for defence. It might be worth taking the suit off then sparing just to get the basics, that way he can teach you how to fight properly. A lot of it is balance, positioning, awareness, and overall bodily awareness. Which, er, you kinda lack it seems.

Once you get the basics down outside of the suit, then you can train with the suit.
>>
No. 787542 ID: 2fd094
File 148959927051.png - (242.95KB , 1500x1500 , 58.png )
787542

>>784863

>>784866
>Hrrm. Only thing is I'm fairly sure he heard your inital yell from this morning, if only because yanno, you screamed across town to get Polo's attention...
>Then again that is different from being at ground zero.

>>784874
>I think that has some potential, yes.


I stand up.

Wilson "Good to see you haven't given up yet." He gives me a thumbs up, without breaking his stance. I take a few deep breaths. I need to hit the perfect level of volume here. Too quiet, and it'll be ineffective as a distraction. Too loud, and I might deafen someone who's been nothing but nice to me up until now.

Breathe in...

Breathe out...

When I slip up during normal conversations, it's usually going to eighty decibels from sixty. When I called for Polo earlier today, I'd estimate that call to be about one-hundred-thirty decibels. The first is too low, and the second is too high.

Keeping this in mind, I should aim for about one-hundred-ten decibels. That should be loud enough to make him cover his ears. I'll actually try to aim a little bit below that, as I know my voice leans towards higher volumes with ease.

I take one more deep breath, before running at Wilson. He tightens his stance in preparation. This time around, I don't run at him with a fist. Instead, I leap into the air a few yards away from him. His eyes follow my body with curiosity. I hold on to the breath I took, and prepare to let it out.


...Could I get a really quick suggestion on what to say?
>>
No. 787549 ID: b412df

Surprise?
>>
No. 787551 ID: 9876c4

Some sort of seismic battlecry.

"LO-GAN THUNDER!"
>>
No. 787552 ID: cdddb5

...A catch-phrase? A rallying cry?
...I like this one:
"FOR THE FIRST TIER!"
Alternatively, there's-
"FOR THE HOME TIER!"
Though I'm picking that to have something you can yell alongside people from your tier, like Ann or Gina.
>>
No. 787910 ID: 3a5580

>>787549
Surprise is good, and short. Or you could just go for the good old "Kiai".
>>
No. 790221 ID: 2fd094
File 149041241042.png - (292.40KB , 1500x1500 , 59.png )
790221

>>787542

>>787549
>>787551
>>787552
>>787910

Too many! Which one should I use?

Logan "FOR THE SURKIAISE THUNDER!!!" No! I used all of them!

Wilson "GAH!" Wilson acts in exactly the way I hope. His hands shoot up to his ears. He's unfocused!

I aim my open palm for his chest. Closing in...
>>
No. 790222 ID: 2fd094
File 149041258239.gif - (581.37KB , 843x758 , 60.gif )
790222

...

Logan "Huh?" How did I miss him? He was right there.

I flip over onto my back. That crash into the ground sure did a number on me. In the bottom of my vision, I can see Wilson.

He walks towards me, giving me a better look at him. His hair is frizzed and messy, and he's panting.

Wilson "That... That was a close one. My life flashed before my eyes for a second."

Logan "H-How did I-" Ouch! My throat hurts from the previous screech.

Wilson "Sorry kid, but you were never going to land a punch on me from the start. I just didn't think I'd have to pull that out." I stare at him, waiting for him to continue.

Wilson "My energia lets me store and release electricity. One of the ways that I can release it just so happens to be as a short speed boost. Does a number on the hair sadly." He chuckles at his own comment.

I start to stand up, before giving up. I need to rest.

Logan "I couldn't even hit you once." I say, not even caring about the slips in volume.

Wilson "I told you, it wasn't gonna happen. You should feel proud that you managed to make me use my power. Not a lot of people can say that. That was a clever trick you pulled with your power shout, and that suit had me on edge the entire time."

Logan "Y-Yeah... I wish I could use it better though."

Wilson "Hey, if you're still here tomorrow, we can do this again. No super suits, no energia, just hand to hand. If you learn to use your body, then you can learn how to use that suit. Sound good?" Wilson offers me a hand.

Logan "Y-Yeah, it does." I take his hand, and stand up. I then start to take off the exoskeleton.

Wilson "You know the way back to the inn? I could walk or carry you back if you'd like." I take a breath, and try to maintain my voice as I speak.

Logan "Honestly, I'd like to stay here for a while. I want to lie down for a bit." I close the suitcase, with the L-16 back inside.

Wilson "If that's what you want. I've got a few things to check up on. See you later..." He gives me a pained look.

Logan "Logan."

Wilson "I'm gonna try to remember it this time. Really." With that, he walks away. Once he's out of sight, I collapse onto the floor.

Ugggghhhhh. I'm exhausted. I just want to lie here and look at the sky for the rest of today. The pale green is kind of nice.

It makes me... Sleepy...

...
>>
No. 790378 ID: 144af2

Hey! No sleeping on the job.
>>
No. 790383 ID: cdddb5

uhh...Wasn't there something else you had to check on? Something like a flare? Barring that, do you think you can make it back to your room?
>>
No. 790606 ID: 9876c4

Don't you have a damsel to be saving, or at least observing?
>>
No. 791220 ID: 2fd094
File 149072630221.png - (227.46KB , 1500x1500 , 61.png )
791220

>>790222


??? "Kid? Wake up."

??? "Why are you sleeping out here? Are you okay?"

??? "Kid?... Logan?"

??? "Wake up!"
>>
No. 791243 ID: 2fd094

>>791236
>So Logan, how'd you know that was a girl named Henry, anyway?
>I mean, we don't think you're wrong, but somehow you knew, right?


(Fuck, I knew it. I knew I had messed up somewhere in that post. Re-uploading shortly.)
>>
No. 791244 ID: 9876c4

>>791243
I didn't know if you were doing it on purpose, or if I was supposed to notice, sorry
>>
No. 791245 ID: 2fd094
File 149073530971.png - (156.54KB , 1500x1500 , 62.png )
791245

>>791220


Logan "Hmnnn... Huh?" I let out a massive yawn, and open my eyes. Crouched in front of me is someone who I don't know.

??? "You were just sleeping... I saw you just lying here, and got worried."

Logan "W-Who are you?"

??? "Just a passing stranger." The person pulls out a book, and flips through the pages.

??? "It's Logan Faust, correct?" I nod my head in response. "Alright, just confirming some information. Would you please explain how your energia works?"

Logan "Ener...gia? Oh, my power." Whoops, looks like I just showed it off a bit. They gives a noticable flinch, before waiting on my answer. Deep breaths Logan. Say it, don't show it.

Logan "I c-can raise my voice up t-to 130 decibels. Um... It's about as loud as... It's really loud. Sometimes it slips, and I release it without meaning to. If I try, then I can control it well." They write something in their notebook in response to my words.

??? "Alright... Your power is an active alteration type. Is that all you can do with your voice?"

Logan "That I know of."

??? "You should experiment with it. Plenty of people end up discovering other sides to their abilities after repeated use." I mentally mark her words for future consideration.

Logan "I should go back to the inn. I don't know how long I've been out for, and I'm supposed to meet up with my friends soon." Actually, I may already be late. I don't remember how long I was out for.

??? "Let me give you a ride. It'll just take a second." They grab my suitcase from beside me, and extend a hand to help me up. The second I accept their handshake, the scenery around me is instantly changed.

Logan "W-W-W-What?" We're both standing in front of the inn.

??? "Teleportation trough handshake... It's my power." They explain.

Logan "Oh, s-sorry, I didn't realize." They place my suitcase in my arms, and begins walking away.

??? "Don't worry about it... Oh, one more thing." They stop, and turn towards me.

??? "Tell your friends not to go after Prattford. He'll kill you."

Logan "...Why would we?"

??? "..."

Logan "..."

??? "Anyways, I've got some business to attend to. See you later." They clap their hands, and vanish.
>>
No. 791246 ID: 2fd094

>>791244

(Don't be. Mistakes like that are all on me. They're also disappointingly common. I really need to get a proofreader.)
>>
No. 791288 ID: cdddb5

Hrrm. side uses?
Well...
It's effectively a volume amplifier right? I wonder if you can like...
Focus on the energy in your throat, transmit it to your hands, then do like a sonic-boom clap?
Now, that said...Energia...I think I've a
>>
No. 791487 ID: 9876c4

Since we have no reason to doubt this messenger, and no idea whether Gina is closer or further to this Prattford- you wanna go find her?

You're beat up, so the answer might be no.
>>
No. 796959 ID: 2fd094
File 149265792564.gif - (856.45KB , 1000x1000 , 63.gif )
796959

>>791245

>>791288
>Hrrm. side uses?
>Well...
>It's effectively a volume amplifier right? I wonder if you can like...
>Focus on the energy in your throat, transmit it to your hands, then do like a sonic-boom clap?


Logan "..."


>>791487
>Since we have no reason to doubt this messenger, and no idea whether Gina is closer or further to this Prattford- you wanna go find her?

>You're beat up, so the answer might be no.


I... believe in Gina. We all agreed to meet up around this time, so I believe that she'll be in the room.

...

Please let her be okay.

...

...

...

Gina "Alright, here we go." A quick glance at the room confirms that this building is a library. There are bookshelves, a checkout counter, a few people reading, etc.

I step inside, and make my way towards the bookshelves. There are plenty of tomes available.

At this point, it occurs to me that I have no idea what I'm doing.

Should I be pulling out history books? Fiction? Science? What would actually be helpful.

I can make a nice collection of books to take to the inn, but I only have enough time to skim through three of these larger books.

Why the hell did I choose the library? Out of all my friends, I'm literally the worst candidate for this job.

Alright, let's think about this carefully. What kind of books am I looking for?
>>
No. 796969 ID: 094652

Find an encyclopedia. You need basic information about multiple subjects (monsters, Tier physics, interdimensional travel, sciences and power studies, survival tactics and what you can eat in the wild), so focus your studies on finding one.
>>
No. 796971 ID: 9876c4

A Historical book of inter-Tier relations would be important too.
Learn who's made contact, when, and descriptions of the various inhabitants and places.
>>
No. 798021 ID: 2fd094
File 149317839641.png - (394.20KB , 1500x1500 , 64.png )
798021

>>796959

>>796969
>Find an encyclopedia. You need basic information about multiple subjects (monsters, Tier physics, interdimensional travel, sciences and power studies, survival tactics and what you can eat in the wild), so focus your studies on finding one.


...

So, you're just gonna pop in whenever you feel like it? I'm stuck with this until I keel over dead?

Whatever. For once, you can actually be of some use. Let's see... encyclopedias...

Going by the name "The Complete 2nd Tier for Humans", I'd say this is the most fitting. I pull it off the shelf, and flip through a few pages. The book leaps from science, to language, to mathematics, to poetry, all the way to nature. Looking through the extensive table of contents, I don't see any chapters on interdimensional travel. I suppose that, with this book already being over 500 pages, they didn't have room for it. Still, this should serve as a decent reference for most things.

Alright, what's next.


>>796971
>A Historical book of inter-Tier relations would be important too.
>Learn who's made contact, when, and descriptions of the various inhabitants and places.


Sounds useless, but whatever. I pick up a small book, about 100 pages titled, "The Abridged History of Drellsden". Oh yeah, that was the name of this world wasn't it? I'm pretty sure I've only heard it once in a conversation far too heavy with exposition. From the description on the back, it should glance over the most important details of this Tier's past.

...I don't know, maybe Ann can pull something useful out of this.

...

Hmm? No more suggestions? Alright then, I'll make a choice of my own.

I skim through a couple of bookshelves, looking for anything of interest. My search comes up empty, It's probably because I have no idea what I'm looking for. Well, time for 'Plan B' then. I walk up to the front of the building, and see a small boy standing behind the counter. I saw him moving books around not too long ago, so he probably works here. He's wearing a blue baseball cap, a white polo, and khakis.

Gina "Are you the librarian?"

Librarian "Yep! I'm in charge of this facility."

Gina "Aren't you a bit young to... well, have a job in general." Seriously, the kid looks like he's eight at best.

Librarian "I'm 198."

Gina "..."

Librarian "..."

Gina "..."

Librarian "...It's my energia."

Gina "Your huh?"

Librarian "My unique power. Energia is the term used for it on most tiers. My energia is youth. When I reached age 7, I stopped growing. I can't get sick, and I don't feel the sting of time."

Gina "So, in a way, you're immortal?"

Librarian "Well, time won't kill me. If I really wanted to die, I could just throw myself off a cliff."

Gina "I'll be honest, you don't really talk in the way I'd expect someone almost 200 to. I usually envision older folks to be more worldly and wise-"

Librarian "-And old, and wrinkly. Yeah, I had a phase similar to that around 110; but I kind of grew out of it. I've looped back to more direct, informal methods of speech. Something about it feels a bit more fitting. Also, when I speak like an elder, it really emphasizes my child body."

Gina "As interesting as your entire life story must be, if I wasn't on a time limit I would really consider listening to a couple decades, I actually came up here with a small request. I'm looking for a book to read."

Librarian "What kind? Do you want information about this Tier, something that'll make a good read-

Gina "-That's the thing, I have no idea what I'm looking for. I already have an encyclopedia and a history book, but I was hoping to get a recommendation."

Librarian "Oh, you want my suggestions?"

Gina "Yeah, that's about it."

The elderly child paused to think for a minute, before walking past me towards the shelves. After searching for only a short period, he pulled out a moderately sized book.

Librarian "This is 'A Personal Account of Tiers 1 Through 6', by Phillip Baxner. It may be a bit outdated, as it was written near only a year after the gates opened, but it's considered a must have for travelers. I might recommend a few supplementary books, like-"

He takes a moment to scour the shelves, before handing me two books. "-'The Third Tier' and 'The Community of Tier Three". I don't have any books about higher Tiers, as it's very uncommon for people who go that high to return."

I take the main book from him, and look it over. It looks a bit worn, likely from being borrowed often.

Librarian "You can take books out for up to a week, and you can copy anything you want from the tomes. The only rules are that you can't desecrate the book, and you can't take it to other Tiers. As long as you can follow those rules, I'll happily assist you in checking out."

We walk back to the front counter. I place my books on it, and he writes words on a notepad. Jeez, I've only been here for fifteen minutes, but it felt like a lifetime. I can't wait to be back at the inn, digging into one of the sandwiches I packed.

Librarian "I'm going to need your name."

Gina "Gina Cortez. What about you? We've been talking for a while, what's your name." He looks at me for a few seconds, before smiling.

Librarian "My name is Phillip."

Gina "Alright, well, it was nice to meet you Phillip." I shake his hand, take my books (now placed into a bag that he'd offered), and leave the building.

That Phillip was a nice guy. I could have sworn that I've heard the name somewhere though. Not that Phillip's an uncommon name, but I swear that I heard it recently.

...

...

I walk back into the building, and make my way straight to the front counter.

Gina "Dude, if you wrote the book yourself, you could have just said so."

Phillip "Perhaps, but I thought it would be more fun to connect the dots." He flashes me a wide grin.

Gina "Fuck, there's gonna be a picture of you somewhere inside of here, won't there? You were hoping I wouldn't realize until I got to a page with you on it."

Phillip "Page twenty-four is where you'd probably figure it out."

Gina "Ugh, you're a jerk. 190 something years, and you ended up being a jerk." I say, in jest.

Phillip "Just wait 'til you're 180. Then we'll see if you can resist the temptation."

I shake my head in fake disgust, as I once more depart. The inn's on the right, but I have over an hour and a half left. I might as well check out the rest of this place.

With my book-bag in hand, I march into town.
>>
No. 798048 ID: 547d10

Was that Tycho?

Okay, that's four coincidental references. Something's wrong. There are too many citizens that look like fictional characters in our world's media. This has to be important, but WHY?

>What do
Check for a brothel. Then plot a course AROUND it.
>>
No. 798093 ID: d69df4

Uhh...Hrrmm.
Okay.
So, I've been thinking about the whole 'I want to be on fire constantly' thing and I was thinking, what if you could learn to utilize your heat-control and have it going constantly?
Like, you can clearly manifest flames all you want, so if you could learn to get up to your 'correct' temperature but keep it contained to your body you wouldn't be feeling cold all the time.
I dunno how fine your control is but I have an idea of an excerise on how to build it.
Get yourself a glass of water, however full you may want it to be, and then extract the heat from the water so it freezes. Then, put the heat back so it melts. Once you have that down, start freezing up ice sculptures within the water. When you can do things like make hollow sections within the ice sculptures...Then we try it with your body and clothing.
Sound like a plan?
>>
No. 798149 ID: 9876c4

>>798048
I mean, it's not like you're actually looking for a brothel, you just want to know where one is, in case you need to avoid it.

Besides, you're underage, and it's not for you anyway.

...It's for Logan.
...When he's older.
>>
No. 799378 ID: 2fd094
File 149377046035.png - (148.22KB , 1500x1500 , 65.png )
799378

>>798021

>>798048
>Was that Tycho?

>Okay, that's four coincidental references. Something's wrong. There are too many citizens that look like fictional characters in our world's media. This has to be important, but WHY?


I have no idea what you want me to say. Maybe it's just a weird coincidence, or maybe... I don't actually know what else it could be. As long as they aren't causing trouble, I'm not going to think about it too deeply.


>>798048
>What do
>Check for a brothel. Then plot a course AROUND it.

>>798149
>I mean, it's not like you're actually looking for a brothel, you just want to know where one is, in case you need to avoid it.

>Besides, you're underage, and it's not for you anyway.

>...It's for Logan.
>...When he's older.


I really hope that I'll be able to see you all one day. I'd love to get confirmation that you're exactly as pathetic as I think you are. If you don't have anything useful to say, then stop talking.


>>798093
>Uhh...Hrrmm.
>Okay.
>So, I've been thinking about the whole 'I want to be on fire constantly' thing and I was thinking, what if you could learn to utilize your heat-control and have it going constantly?
>Like, you can clearly manifest flames all you want, so if you could learn to get up to your 'correct' temperature but keep it contained to your body you wouldn't be feeling cold all the time.
>I dunno how fine your control is but I have an idea of an excerise on how to build it.
Get yourself a glass of water, however full you may want it to be, and then extract the heat from the water so it freezes. Then, put the heat back so it melts. Once you have that down, start freezing up ice sculptures within the water. When you can do things like make hollow sections within the ice sculptures...Then we try it with your body and clothing.
>Sound like a plan?


No dice.

It's a decent idea. It would definitely be nice to have full control over temperature. Only one problem... I can't absorb heat from anything that's not on fire. I've tried similar things, usually with a bucket of water, but I can't really connect with the water's temp. Maybe I'd find it if I kept on trying, but I'm an impatient asshole who gives up after fifteen minutes of nothing happening.

Maybe this would make more sense if I explained how my power works. Heat is atoms vibrating, or some shit like that. The fire immunity part of my powers lets my atoms vibrate at a much higher rate than other people's can. The downside is, as you know, that my body is built to exist at that temp, making me feel cold when I'm not aflame...

This is a terrible explanation.

So, when I start fires, I'm vibrating the atoms in that area, while sacrificing some of my own. When I absorb hear, I steal the vibrations from an area. My problem is, I can only absorb the heat from areas that are vibrating a lot. It doesn't go both ways though, so I can expel vibrations when I'm low on them. If I'm doing so for any reason other than warming myself though, there can be drawbacks.

You know what, forget about this explanation. It was poorly thought out, and unnecessary. Plus it...

Gina "Huh?"
>>
No. 799379 ID: 2fd094
File 149377051649.png - (349.90KB , 1500x1500 , 66.png )
799379

Woman "Please! He can't breathe!"

??? "Indeed, he seems to be turning quite blue."

Woman "I'm very sorry for his actions, but please let go of him! You're killing him!"

??? "I don't think he minds. He seemed ready to throw his life away just a minute ago."

Woman "I-I-It's b-been a long day, he was frustrated. It was just a slip of the tongue."

??? "Well, let's consider this a slip of my wrist. I've accidentally grabbed a tight hold of your husband's neck. I should be able to release it eventually."

The woman moves to shove the man away from her husband, but was held back by two men in armor. None of the surrounding people seem to be moving in to stop him.

...

...
>>
No. 799410 ID: d69df4

...So.
Three versus one. These people have consistantly proven themselves to be more knowledgable and experienced with Energia powers than the three of you.
Additionally, those armored guys could probably take you in a fight. Yes you have the fire, but with some discipline I can see them charging and impaling you quite quickly unless you're used to fighting spearmen, which I bet you aren't.
Not to mention that's just what we can see. The guy choking the man? His energia at least enables that much, and could be anything from super strength to something that say, lets him grab and influence a target at range, and we don't know the energia of the other two armored guys. There's one woman in town that has ice energia that's probably not unlike yours, so I can imagine these people at least have a rough notion of how to deal with your powerset.
This isn't like dealing with the bullies back home Gina. Your life is at risk if you intervene.
>>
No. 799435 ID: f0f32d

Ask a witness what is happening and who these people are.
>>
No. 799478 ID: 094652

Plan: Set yourself on fire, run around screaming like a chicken. Even if the knights don't care about saving someone who is burning to death right in front of them, they'll be amused enough to loosen their grip on that civilian.
>>
No. 799524 ID: 9876c4

That blue awning looks especially flammable.

If one of the market stalls just burst into flame, I bet that'd cause a bit of hesitation, whereupon someone more reasonable could step in.
Because others are right, these look like seasoned fighters, and they'll end you in a confrontation.
>>
No. 801017 ID: 2fd094
File 149446990463.gif - (702.84KB , 1200x1200 , 67.gif )
801017

>>799379

>>799435
>Ask a witness what is happening and who these people are.


I've heard enough.


>>799410
>...So.
>Three versus one. These people have consistantly proven themselves to be more knowledgable and experienced with Energia powers than the three of you.
>Additionally, those armored guys could probably take you in a fi-


Shut up.

Without delaying, I grab one of the books from my bag, and hurl it at the assailant. He drops the man in either shock or pain. The injured man takes deep breaths, as his wife has moved to comfort him. The armored guys are more focused on me then her.

Armor 1 "W-What is the meaning of this!?"

Armor 2 (The one with a bird on their head) "D-D-Do you not understand the magnitude of your actions?"

The bastard I just hit motions for the armored men to stop talking. He turns to face me, before speaking.

Bastard "I must thank you for that. I was just getting bored with Harrison here. It's so much easier when folks like you make yourselves targets."

Gina "I don't know why you choking that scrawny guy, but I'm certain that nothing he did warranted such a harsh treatment."

Bastard "That clod referred to me by a most foul name. I would be sending the wrong message if I let such a thing go."

Gina "You were strangling him over some name-calling? That's a bitch move. Are you a bitch?"

Bastard "...Heh. Well then, this has been an entertaining conversation. So sorry that this shall be our last."
>>
No. 801020 ID: 9876c4

Your book throwing skills are impressive. The rest...less so.

You've just initiated combat while outnumbered, with a group that may be the defacto authority of the tier. So, cool.
>>
No. 801056 ID: 094652

He's got a strong power, so don't fight him head-on. Walk up calmly, and request the first strike. Then strip off your sweater and bra and offer a lapdance as your first strike.

Fire. Enough to deep fry an ice cube.

Also, this is possible. Disgustingly soggy, but possible.
>>
No. 801066 ID: 356d23

Alright, let's hope he's the melee type and closes in. If not, I guess you're going to need to kick up the heat pre-emptively and nail him with a fireball.
You could also try stalling for help but I'm betting you just want to roast him. Still, I don't reccomend you get close- you can just bake him from a bit away, instead of trying to match him in fisticuffs
>>
No. 801188 ID: 9dc26d

Quick, use your fire power to burn the stash of weed I encouraged you to have on hand so that you can send a giant dank cloud at him and get him high.
>>
No. 803751 ID: e681e3
File 149550867391.png - (156.59KB , 1500x1500 , 68.png )
803751

>>801017

>>801020
>Your book throwing skills are impressive. The rest...less so.

>You've just initiated combat while outnumbered, with a group that may be the defacto authority of the tier. So, cool.


Leader of the Tier? This asshole?

Gina "Hey, who the hell are you even? Are you supposed to be the guy in charge of the Tier?"

Bastard "Hmm? You didn't even know who I was before taking action? Well, it's not like ignorance could excuse such a severe crime anyways..."

Prattford "I am Prince Gregory Prattford, ruler of Towne. Now, I think it's about time I demonstrate the reason no one dares to cross me."


>>>801066
>Alright, let's hope he's the melee type and closes in. If not, I guess you're going to need to kick up the heat pre-emptively and nail him with a fireball.
>You could also try stalling for help but I'm betting you just want to roast him. Still, I don't reccomend you get close- you can just bake him from a bit away, instead of trying to match him in fisticuffs


I prepare myself for an attack, only to be left confused. Prattford doesn't make any motions signifying an intent to approach. That must mean...

Quickly, I conjure a ball of flame into my hand. I don't know what his power is, but it doesn't seem to involve moving in. If that's the case, I need to make the first mo-


And then I'm drowning.
>>
No. 803754 ID: e681e3
File 149550885256.png - (408.98KB , 1500x1500 , 69.png )
803754

>>803751

Water.

I'm surrounded by a bubble of water. Maybe it's some other liquid, but I don't care.

Wait, it's not my entire body. My arms and legs are dry. It's only my head.

I'm looking down on the people who were at eye level, just a second ago. They're... blurry. I can still see that bastard. Without thinking, I throw my fireball towards him. It disappears in the air. I'm pretty sure he used more water to extinguish it but... That's not what's important right now!

I need to get out of this bubble, before I drown. I try to push it away, but my hands simply go through the water. I flail about, but it doesn't fix anything.

Oh, I think I used a bit too much air there... Things are going black...

I need to escape... before... I... drown......
>>
No. 803763 ID: d69df4

Boil the water away. You're fire! Turn up the heat and this sucker won't touch you! Don't worry about your clothes, just BURN! BURN UNTIL EVEN YOU CAN FEEL THE HEAT!
>>
No. 803769 ID: 094652

Fire in your lungs, literally! No really, use the heat to expand the air in your lungs, expelling the pressurized smoke to form a connection to the surface of the water bubble, then breathe a ring of fire around it.
>>
No. 803881 ID: 9876c4

>>803763
This is probably your best shot right now.
>>
No. 804499 ID: e681e3
File 149576966638.png - (401.11KB , 1500x1500 , 70.png )
804499

>>803754

>>803763
>Boil the water away. You're fire! Turn up the heat and this sucker won't touch you! Don't worry about your clothes, just BURN! BURN UNTIL EVEN YOU CAN FEEL THE HEAT!

...

Burn...

Burn... Burn...

Blaze... Fire.. Heat.

Warmth.

I feel it inside of me, building up. A raging inferno. From within me, it is released.

I ignite myself with a powerful flare. The water is gone in an instance, leaving me and the flames.

Since I'm no longer being held up by the bubble, I fall to the ground. I land on my feet, still burning, and stare down Prattford.

...He's smiling.

Prattford "Oh? What an interesting power. Creation, manipulation, and even resistance. I'm almost disappointed that I'll have to kill you."

Gina "I'd like to see you try." I take a few deep breaths, making sure that I have a nice supply of air before I strike. Observers take this moment to distance themselves from us. A few people lock themselves away in the nearby buildings. I control my flames a bit more, so that I don't end up burning anything down.

Prattford "Alright, I suppose I didn't use enough that time. Let's try that again, with a larger volume."
>>
No. 804501 ID: d79f26

set him on fire.
>>
No. 804502 ID: d69df4

Hrm, right.
closing the gap is a tempting idea, but too basic for my tastes, that and we saw him gather some water near his legs before water-chocking you.
Now, this guy's power necessitates more 'clever' use, if only marginally-he's feared by everyone in town, including a guy with lightning powers, two if you count Polo via his cloud. My point being he seems to slightly tend towards gathering water near himself before getting to attack with it.
He might also have the trick of instantly dessicating people, which if he can do no amount of fire will save you. But right now he's also having fun, and won't want to break his new toy.
Best thing I can think of is to shoot/throw some fire at him-not necessarily a lot of fire, but as fast as you can, harry him and don't give him time to gather a large amount of water.
I'm worried that if he gets bored/sufficiently threatened he might also turn out to be able to desiccate people, and if he does that to you, no amount of fire will save you.
>>
No. 804524 ID: d79f26

>>804502
which is why you kill him first.
>>
No. 805310 ID: e681e3
File 149627004924.png - (78.02KB , 1500x1500 , 71.png )
805310

>>804499

>>804501
>set him on fire.


That's a goal, not a plan.


>>804502
>Hrm, right.
closing the gap is a tempting idea, but too basic for my tastes, that and we saw him gather some water near his legs before water-chocking you.
>Now, this guy's power necessitates more 'clever' use, if only marginally-he's feared by everyone in town, including a guy with lightning powers, two if you count Polo via his cloud. My point being he seems to slightly tend towards gathering water near himself before getting to attack with it.
>He might also have the trick of instantly dessicating people, which if he can do no amount of fire will save you. But right now he's also having fun, and won't want to break his new toy.
>Best thing I can think of is to shoot/throw some fire at him-not necessarily a lot of fire, but as fast as you can, harry him and don't give him time to gather a large amount of water.
>I'm worried that if he gets bored/sufficiently threatened he might also turn out to be able to desiccate people, and if he does that to you, no amount of fire will save you.


If he can just take the water that's inside my body outside of my body, then I was dead before this fight started. Let's assume he can't do that for now.

I'm still hovering above him, but this time by choice. I have jets of flame maintaining my current altitude. I think I like your idea of trying to blast him with heat.

I send two blasts of fire directly towards him. He reacts as I expect, and extinguishes them with a small cloak of water. As he does this, I send a few more blazes towards both sides of him. Prattford reacts quickly, and separates the cover he used for the first blasts into two. He catches each of the flames with his water, putting them out.

Prattford "Such simple tactics... You're quite the novice, aren't you?"

Gina "What can I say? Most of my fights don't escalate to the point where I want to burn someone alive."

Prattford "It's sad to see such a talent being put to waste. You would have made an excellent member of my army. Well, decent at least."

Gina "I'd rather drown."

Prattford "That can be arranged."

Gina "Yeah, I kind of set myself up for tha-"

OH SHIT!

A massive tidal wave arose between Prattford and I. It faced towards me, intimidatingly. He distracted me! He used that conversation to build this thing up.

I was too shocked to react. Before I could even realize it, I was forcefully shoved onto the ground. My body flared with pain. Then, as quickly as it had begun coming towards me, the water froze in place.

From where I was laying, it was like looking up from the bottom of a swimming pool. How many feet of water between me and the surface? Six? Eight?

I use the same technique from before to try and boil the water. I successfully heat up what's close to me, but am unable to dissolve my way out of the liquid prison. There's just too much.

There has to be some fucking way out! I refuse to die like this!
>>
No. 805316 ID: b412df

Focus the heat down so it'll just boil the water below you, not all of it. It'll try to propel you upwards, hopefully out of the water.
>>
No. 805320 ID: 9876c4

Run (swim) to a building and go inside? You should have about enough air for that.

If you break LOS, you might have a chance to regroup.
>>
No. 805353 ID: d69df4

Alright. You can see him right, and he sees you correct?
If you can see him, you know where he is. Conjure fire right on top of his position-he'll need to pull water away from your prison or risk burning...
Alternatively, you could try to focus on boiling the water around/under you to launch yourself out of there, though I have a feeling that's not going to work with Prattford maintaining the hold.
Lastly...just pack the heat around you into/around your head-higher heat, faster boiling, maybe you could open a pocket of air and buy yourself some more time.
Either the geysering yourself out or concentrated head-boiling should probably be done after you try to burn Prattford and his concentration will be split.
>>
No. 806972 ID: e681e3
File 149698378251.gif - (1.92MB , 1200x1200 , 72.gif )
806972

>>805310


>>805316
>Focus the heat down so it'll just boil the water below you, not all of it. It'll try to propel you upwards, hopefully out of the water.


Way ahead of you.

I pump the water surrounding me with as much heat as I can muster. I can feel it dissolving around me.

Slowly... Slowly... Slowly.........

I suppose with this much water, it was bound to take longer. The question is, how long will it take? I'm on a time limit here! I need air.

...

Uh, any other suggestions? I could use something a bit quicker.


>>805320
>Run (swim) to a building and go inside? You should have about enough air for that.

>If you break LOS, you might have a chance to regroup.


If I could move, I would have done so already. Then again, maybe if I can start a fire around myself...

...Right, surrounded by water. I don't know why I thought that would work.


>>805353
>Alright. You can see him right, and he sees you correct?
>If you can see him, you know where he is. Conjure fire right on top of his position-he'll need to pull water away from your prison or risk burning...
>Alternatively, you could try to focus on boiling the water around/under you to launch yourself out of there, though I have a feeling that's not going to work with Prattford maintaining the hold.
>Lastly...just pack the heat around you into/around your head-higher heat, faster boiling, maybe you could open a pocket of air and buy yourself some more time.
>Either the geysering yourself out or concentrated head-boiling should probably be done after you try to burn Prattford and his concentration will be split.


I can't conjure fire on top of him. That's not how my power works!

Air pocket! Let's see if we can make an air pocket.

I focus my power into the water surrounding my head. If I can just get the water away from there...

Yes! Air! Instinctively, I take a deep bre-

Gina "HURGLURBLRGLE!"

Prattford "Oh dear, you seem to be drowning. And here I was hoping that we'd be able to play some more. I suppose I should be more careful with my playthings."

I-I can't! I feel the water in my lungs. There's no... there's no...

...

...

Prattford "Is that all? What a waste. Such an amazing power, wasted on someone as worthless as-"

*BANG*

*SMACK*

Prattford "GAH! WHY THE HELL IS EVERYONE THROWING THINGS AT THE BACK OF MY HEAD!? IS THERE A TARGET THERE THAT I'M UNAWARE OF? WHO THE HELL IS IT THIS TIME!?"
>>
No. 806973 ID: e681e3
File 149698381776.png - (111.19KB , 1500x1500 , 73.png )
806973

>>806972


As he turns to face me, he unintentionally releases Gina from her watery coffin. She doesn't move, but I can tell that she's still breathing. She must be unconscious.

Prattford "And just who the hell are you? Do you even understand the ramifications of your actions, or are you some sort of clueless buffoon like she is?" He gestured towards Gina as he said the last part. Luckily, he didn't seem to care about her any more. All of his attention was on me.

Ann "I know exactly who you are."
>>
No. 806975 ID: e681e3
File 149698387266.png - (173.05KB , 1500x1500 , 74.png )
806975

>>806973


Ann "You're Royal Asshole Gregory Prattford. I don't care if you're the Prince here. I won't let you harm my friend like that."

Prattford "...Heh. Of course she would be your friend. Fools come in swarms."

Ann "I'll be blunt. There is no reason for us to fight, in my eyes. However, if you're unwilling to let my friend continue living, then conflict is inevitable."

Prattford "You see no reason to fight? Personally, I can see plenty of reasons. Firstly, there's the matter of your assault towards me; and secondly, I'm feeling starved of resolution. This is the second time now someone has cut me off, and I'm sick of it."

Ann "..."

Prattford "That... thing you're holding. What is it? If it was a normal pistol, it would have been lethal, and Brent here would have intervened. Is that you're energia? A gun that doesn't kill people?"

Ann "Unlike you, I'm not a killer."

Prattford "Cute, the child is lecturing me on morals." He claps both of his hands together.

Prattford "Well then! I suppose it's time that I wrap up here."

Look like I'd better prepare for a fight.

...A fight that I have no way of winning.

Please let there be some Divine Intervention to spare Gina and I from this raging man-child.
>>
No. 807001 ID: d79f26

uhhhh
[lightning bolt]
>>
No. 807016 ID: 9876c4

Oil round. followed by a sleep round.

If Gina's still up, she can take advantage of the first. If not, it should keep his barrier from sticking, while you tranq him.

Those are in two different spots in the cylinder, so I hope you're handy with that thing.
>>
No. 807069 ID: d69df4

Hrrm, I don't like that 'Brent would have intervened' line, so I'd reccomend opening with the sleep round first- potentially ends the fight then and there if it works.
If it doesn't...Yeesh. Worse yet, this guy? His power is basically being a Water version of Gina. Only weakness is he needs time to conjure his water. Also I'm guessing the Piercing shots won't make him bleed out due to applied hydrokinesis. He seems to like drowning/suffocating people, if he catches you in water maybe the mechanics of how you summon/desummon your book and pen will help you-they seem to vanish into some kind of little vortex so maybe you can catch and 'drain' his water away with that?
>>
No. 808492 ID: e681e3
File 149768788624.png - (191.04KB , 1500x1500 , 75.png )
808492

(Rushed update, because I have to leave for a short time. You may not even notice it with how slowly I normally update.)

>>806975

>>807001
>uhhhh
>[lightning bolt]


With no warning, the world goes white.

When it fades, I see Polo. He's sitting on his cloud, facing towards Prattford.

Prattford "Polo... I presume your here to convince me to spare this vile creature?"

Polo "Hey, that's not the only reason I talk to you."

Prattford "It's the only reason you stop me from killing fools like her." He points at me for emphasis.

Polo "Well, in this case, I'm the one at fault here."

Prattford "Explain."

Polo "Ann and her friends only arrived yesterday. They came in late, so they immediately went to the inn to rest. She's only been up for a few hours at most. Between showing up, and attacking you, nobody was ever able to explain your authority to her. I should have made sure she was aware before she made it out of that lodge, so it's my fault."

Prattford "Heh, that's not going to work here, Polo. This woman referred to me by name and rank. Clearly, she understood the magnitude of her actions."

Polo "She may have known that you were a Prince, but she probably didn't understand just how big of a deal that was. Where Ann comes from, the term Prince carries far less weight. Most people attribute the title to a musician, rather than a political figure. When she learned that you were a Prince, she only thought of it as slightly more important than "Sir" or "Madam"."

Prattford "Are you suggesting that ignorance of the law should grant her defense? And what of this other one? Not only did she refer to me as a bitch, but she attempted to incinerate me. I could have been killed."

Polo "Gina has a bit of a... justice complex. She thought you to be a wrongdoer, and quickly acted to try and halt your actions. Had she been aware of your title, I fully believe that she would have refrained."

Thankfully, Gina wasn't available for commentary.

Polo "Also, you were never in any danger. Your wondrous control over water would have kept you safe. As well as your experienced soldiers."

Prattford "Well, what of the two blows dealt to my head. I may have received a concussion. If so, the death penalty would clearly be appropriate here."

Polo "Aw, come on, who hasn't had a concussion? Besides, someone as powerful as you could easily walk something like that off."

Prattford "Feh..."

Polo "You see? This is just a case of two rowdy teenagers making a huge misunderstanding. Wouldn't a slap on the wrist be far less wasteful than doing away with them altogether? In Gina's case, I think she's been slapped pretty hard already."

Prattford "...Fine. I suppose it is the responsibility of one with my authority to occasionally grant mercy. You!" He points towards me. "Apologize for your actions, and I may forgive you."

I know that I can't take him, and Polo's already done such a good job talking him down. There's no way I can refuse now.

Ann "I'm truly sorry for causing you harm, Sir Prattford." I bow my head for effect.

Prattford "Excellent, now..."

I'm suddenly gripped tightly by a hand of water. My arms are pinned to my torso.

Prattford "You did harm me with that weapon of yours. I think it only fair that I lay at least one blow on you."

I look to Polo for answers on what to do. His face is pained, but he doesn't move to stop Prattford.

Prattford is slowly approaching. What should I do?
>>
No. 808578 ID: d69df4

Hrrm..
I dunno. I like the idea of walking up to him, give him less time to think about where and how hard.
I...WANT to suggest some sort of last-minute dickery, but...I suspect he'll be able to react if you try to shoot him.
>>
No. 808684 ID: 9876c4

People in our world be all like, "Oh, you need to start up an improbable crush on this guy, he's totally a dapper prince."

I'm just sayin, that rarely helps. Just be brave and he probably won't injure you too much in parting. One hopes.
>>
No. 808791 ID: 58a78f

>>808492
I think you'll have to tank the hit for now. After you succeed in your quest, you'll come back for him.
>>
No. 808793 ID: 9dc26d

>>808791
Why? What's it matter if there's one more or one less fucked up princeling in the multiverse? Take your knocks, take your friends, and don't look back.
>>
No. 810191 ID: 144af2

Hey, can you summon your book anywhere?
If so, try summoning it directly in the way of an incoming blow. Maybe you could use it as a quick shield.
>>
No. 810192 ID: 144af2

Actually! I heard that people here can be terrified of Book Energia, so summoning your book might intimidate him. Just don't tell him your book is "useless" and it might give you the upper hand in the situation.
>>
No. 811118 ID: e681e3
File 149871271504.png - (186.78KB , 1500x1500 , 76.png )
811118

>>808492

>>808578
>Hrrm..
>I dunno. I like the idea of walking up to him, give him less time to think about where and how hard.
>I...WANT to suggest some sort of last-minute dickery, but...I suspect he'll be able to react if you try to shoot him.


Let's see... Yep, can't move my arms or legs. Even if I wanted to, there's not a lot I could do.


>>810191
>Hey, can you summon your book anywhere?
>If so, try summoning it directly in the way of an incoming blow. Maybe you could use it as a quick shield.


Yes. I can summon my book anywhere. That's actually not too bad of an idea. However...

I take a look behind me. Gina's still lying on the ground, unconscious. If I aggravate Prattford, he may take advantage of that fact. If she was awake, I would have more options. Right now though... I shouldn't be taking unnecessary risks.


>>808791
>I think you'll have to tank the hit for now. After you succeed in your quest, you'll come back for him.


Ann "Do what you will."

Prattford "If you insist!"

He reels back. I close my eyes, not having the guts to watch.

...

I don't wake up, until some time later.
>>
No. 811200 ID: 9876c4

You just got KTFO.
It's a shame that happened.

Plan more carefully in the future.
You did save someone's life, though.
>>
No. 813166 ID: e681e3
File 149930074848.png - (255.23KB , 1500x1500 , 77.png )
813166

>>811118


...

Ann "Ungh- What happen-"

I'm cut off, by a sharp feeling of pain. I bring a hand to my face, and lightly feel my eye. It's slightly swelled. Definitely a black eye.

Polo "Are you alright?"

I turn to my side, and I see Polo floating next to me. As my vision clears, I can see a look of concern on his face. I take in the area around him, and see that it's the lodge.

Ann "Y-Yeah, I'm fine. My eye hurts though... Where's Gina?"

Polo "She's right above you. She's still out of it from being almost drowned, but she'll be fine."


>>811200
>You just got KTFO.
>It's a shame that happened.

>Plan more carefully in the future.
>You did save someone's life, though.


Ann "That's right... She's okay now."

Polo "Yep! She should be up in running any time now."

Ann "About that... I want to know what happened."

Polo "What do you mean?"

Ann "Polo, I'm not an idiot. The Prince of this city just came to the marketplace, assaulted at least three people, and not a single person intervened. Well, not counting Gina and I obviously."

Polo "Wait, how do you know about the third person?"

Ann "I was present long enough to see a woman helping another man to his feet. It also stood to reason that Gina would require a reason to initiate combat. Having another person involved provides an acceptable solution. What I don't know, is why this was allowed to take place. Any outsider could see that Prattford was going outside of his authority, am I correct?"

Polo "..Er, yeah. Authorities can rough guys up a little bit to subdue them, but there's a limit. Prattford... He was intentionally ignoring those limits."

Ann "Surely, one of the guards with Prattford should have had the authority to reel him in."

Polo "No, they're part of Prattford's personal guard. They take orders directly from him."

Ann "Hmm... Just to be clear, how much authority does Prattford hold over this town?"

Polo "Well, he does whatever he wants, and nobody can stop him. Soooooo, he's basically a king."

Ann "Ah." I think that I finally have a decent picture of this town's situation.

Before I can say anything else, somebody opens the door. Logan steps inside, and quietly shuts the door behind him. His eyes quickly lock onto Polo.

Logan "Polo? Wait, if you're here..." He then turns towards the bunk above me.

Logan "Gina!" I cover my ears quickly, as his raucous voice fills the room. He notices, and takes a deep breath before speaking again.

Logan "Is everyone okay?"

Ann "Yeah. Gina just inhaled a bit of water, and I got decked by a douche." Logan's face tenses up as he sees me.

Logan "Ann, you're eye. Are you really okay?"

Ann "I'm fine. It stings a bit, but I'll be okay." Logan sits down on the bed across from Gina and I, and sets his suitcase on the ground.

Ann "I don't like this situation with Prattford. He seems incredibly petty, and immorally cruel. I don't think for a second that he would pass up a chance to enact 'justice' on us. Maybe we should head up a Tier." I add that last part only to gauge Polo's reaction. The second I mention climbing Tiers, his face pales. Something's up.

Ann "Is there something we should know, Polo?" I can see the struggle on his face for a few seconds. Finally, he sighs, and speaks.

Polo "Sorry, but you can't go through the Gate right now. You'd be arrested before you ever got close."

Ann "Why is that?"

Polo "Uh... Well... Ya see- Prattford kind of made a law forbidding people from Earth using the Gate. Also, he may have stationed eight or so guards there; all of which equipped with deadly weaponry."

Ann "..."

Logan "..."

Gina "Well that sucks."
>>
No. 813173 ID: f9e607

I doubt Prattford just wants to be a petty slimeball hellbent on playing god in a closed world. He's baiting someone; there are enough spies and dissidents around to get word to the queen, and keeping a tight leash on his subjects is cutting into the profit margins. Prattford wants the queen's chosen to come here, but WHY?
>>
No. 813181 ID: 9876c4

Prattford kind of made a law forbidding people from Earth using the Gate.

Emphasis mine. He's not trying to prevent all inter-tier travel though, hence Henry's presence. Actually, I wonder if he's even against residents of tier 2> tier 3. If that's the case, maybe there's some kind of naturalization hack you can do with some research.

Regardless, you need to speak with Henry again, and find out what's become of all the earthlings that've come this way.
>>
No. 813263 ID: 9dc26d

If you know how many they are and where they are, and you know they're loyal to that twit instead of anything decent or good, you can cook them alive.

Just murder them and move on.

You don't need this, you don't need to be here. Stationary targets are easy targets.

That cuts both ways, Prattford's playing some sick game and intends to mess with you all before he finds an excuse to torture you all to death for daring to stand up to him in the least.
>>
No. 815524 ID: e681e3
File 149997778568.png - (292.11KB , 1500x1500 , 78.png )
815524

>>813166


Logan "You-" Looks like he caught himself this time, and covered his mouth. After a few seconds, he tries again.

Logan "You're awake. Are you okay?"

Gina "Save a small headache, yeah. How long was I out for?"

Polo "A week."

Ann "A week?" He starts chuckling.

Polo "Nah, not really. You've only been asleep for about half-an-hour. Luckily, you didn't take in too much water."

Gina "Hmm... Did someone intervene? I thought I was a gonner back there."

Ann "You're lucky that I came out of the restaurant when I did. It's not recommended to try breathing water without gills."

Logan "...Um." Oh, right, Logan wasn't there. Guess I'd better get him up to speed. A short explanation would probably be best right now.

Ann "Gina got into a fight with the Prince. He had water powers. I intervened, and had to take a punch for us to be released."

Gina "That explains the shiner then. I'm sorry that you got hurt on my account."

Ann "It's fine. More importantly..." I turn my attention back to Polo.

Ann "When were you planning to tell us about that law?"

Polo "I was only giving you some time to get adjusted, before dropping the bomb that you're probably stuck here..."

I bite my lip in frustration. Knowing that some arrogant jerk has us trapped here, it's a bitter pill to swallow.


>>813173
>I doubt Prattford just wants to be a petty slimeball hellbent on playing god in a closed world. He's baiting someone; there are enough spies and dissidents around to get word to the queen, and keeping a tight leash on his subjects is cutting into the profit margins. Prattford wants the queen's chosen to come here, but WHY?


I don't... I don't think... I don't have proper context to confirm or deny anything you're saying.


>>813181
>He's not trying to prevent all inter-tier travel though, hence Henry's presence. Actually, I wonder if he's even against residents of tier 2> tier 3. If that's the case, maybe there's some kind of naturalization hack you can do with some research.

>Regardless, you need to speak with Henry again, and find out what's become of all the earthlings that've come this way.


Ann "Are citizens of this Tier allowed entry through the Gate?"

Polo "Y-Yeah. People from this Tier are allowed through. It's only people from Earth who are banned."

Ann "Second question: If we had a method of inter-tier transport, that didn't rely on the Gate..."

Polo "It would be seen as undermining the intent of the law, and a bounty would be placed on your head."

Ann "Then, the intentions are to prevent all humans entry to the third Tier?"

Polo "Yes."

Ann "Why?"

Polo "Hmm... Why do you want to climb the Tiers?"

Ann "...I see."

It's to protect The Witch. Prattford's law was implemented to protect The Witch from Tier one aggressors.

Gina lowers herself out of the bed, and grabs her bag. She starts digging around inside of it.

Polo "Oh, Gina, if you're looking for your jacket, it's over there on Puff."

Gina looks up at Polo's cloud, which had been hovering over the lower bunk. She pulls her jacket off, and quickly throws it on.

Gina "That's better. Anyways, if the only thing between us and that Gate are eight guys, why don't we just take them out?"


>>813263
>If you know how many they are and where they are, and you know they're loyal to that twit instead of anything decent or good, you can cook them alive.

>Just murder them and move on.

>You don't need this, you don't need to be here. Stationary targets are easy targets.

>That cuts both ways, Prattford's playing some sick game and intends to mess with you all before he finds an excuse to torture you all to death for daring to stand up to him in the least.


Don't be heartless! There's no way I'd consider killing them. Even if they do serve Prattford, that doesn't make it alright to kill them. If I thought that simply getting past them would suffice, then I would only go as far as knocking them out.

That goes for everyone. I don't want to hear any more suggestions of murder. Alright?

Ann "Gina, think about what would happen if we did that. Even if we get past the guards, what would be the end result of that?"

Gina "Hmmmmmm... We would be one step closer to Tier 6?"

Ann "...Let me explain what would come as a result of that decision. Firstly, Prattford would place a bounty on our heads. That much is almost guaranteed. We'd have that hanging over us for the rest of our quest. Secondly, we would unintentionally be giving Prattford even more political sway than he already has. Well, that last one is true if my assumption of the political system is correct."

Gina "How the hell would we be giving him more power?"

Ann "Prattford would probably use our assault as an example. He would impose stricter laws on the humans who come to this Tier, and assign more guards to the Gate then ha currently has. We would lose out on hundreds of potential allies, with a net gain of only us three getting through."

Gina "...Damn. You're right."

Ann "The benefits for us clearly don't stand up against the leverage we would be giving Prattford. Therefore, a direct attack is an unsuitable method of response."

I begin to pace around the room, as I speak.

Ann "Actually, I wonder if the law itself is a trap."

Polo "Wh-What?"

Ann "If Prattford just wanted to prevent humans from climbing Tiers, then his actions don't match up. Some humans have powers that would easily let them bypass the system, without breaking the law. He specifically chose to focus on the Gate. He wants it to be clear, that anybody that dares cross is against his laws."

Gina "What's any of that got to do with a trap?"

Ann "Well... If the law prohibits passing through the Gate, then why are there guards on this side?"

Gina "To prevent anyone from crossing. Right?"

Ann "Right, but that doesn't add up with what we know about Prattford. He's a malicious jerk that craves opportunities to administer harsh punishments. If he caught someone about to cross, then the punishment would be far less severe than if he had crossed; because they didn't succeed."

Gina "Then... Hmm."

Ann "Why would Prattford want soldiers outside of the Gate, when he's actively seeking the chance to deal cruel punishments? I can think of two reasons. Either he honestly cares for The Witch's safety, or he's trying to bait a human into attacking his troops. From what little we know about him, which do you think is the case?"

Gina "Probably the one that's dripping of doucheyness."

Polo "Wow... I never even considered the idea that the law had a hidden agenda."

Ann "Admittedly, it's just a theory. Regardless, I think it would be a bad idea to openly disregard that rule."

Logan "Then... Could we get Prattford to nullify the law?"

Polo "That's not very likely. No harm in trying though."

Ann "Confronting a Prince that you've angered once already has major potential for harm. That saying literally does not apply here."

I sit down, across from Gina. I tax my brain, in hope's that I can come up with a plan. My mind comes up with the next best thing.

Ann "Polo, do you have any ideas? How can we get past the Gate, without inciting anything?"

Polo "Well, what if Prattford left Towne? If someone could force him out of his reign of Towne, then his laws would be moot."

Gina "Are you suggesting that we try to beat up a guy who effortlessly washed away my fire?"

Polo "No. I'm suggesting that you help neutralize his guards, while our best fighters handle him."

Now, that's an interesting line to throw in!

Ann "What are you talking about."

Before saying a word, Polo closed the window. He gives me a grin, and answers my question.

Polo "Prattford ain't a popular figure around here. He just showed up one day with his army, and started asserting his dominance over everyone. Me and a few people from around Towne may be planning something."

Ann "Go on..."

Polo "We're gonna storm the castle. You interested?"
>>
No. 815541 ID: d69df4

Okay, so a few things I want to do.
First, I noticed Ana's book vanishes in a vortex right?
I was wondering if something interesting happened if you say, put the book back so to speak while it was under an effect from someone's power, like Gina's fire or Logan's Yelling.
Two, how much do you guys know about the powers of Prattford's gaurds? I REALLY don't like the idea of roughly identical guys we then have to treat as having a grab-bag of powers until we see what their power is-especially since Pratford already knows and kind of counters what Gina can do.
So far strategy against Prattford is Gina keeps him from doing water things, maybe with Wilson&Polo ready to shock him if he tries to use his water defensively...
Though Logan could probably also suffice to break his concentration. As for Ana, lending out your book& pen to Polo or any stealth specialists for scouting could be useful, with a bit of practice.
>>
No. 815685 ID: 9876c4

In for a penny, in for a pound. Might as well overthrow the local government while we're here.

But really though. what happened to the other earthlings? Have they crossed-over already, or were they removed in a more violent manner by Prattford?
>>
No. 815696 ID: 9dc26d

Interesting ideas Ann, but you've gone from just murdering eight guys to trying to non-lethally deal with an entire army while the people who are actually good with their powers deal with the real problem.

Showing mercy and winning requires more finesse than just trying to win. I don't think the three of you can do that. Maybe if you're in a supporting role to real fighters, people who are good enough, maybe. But you better make sure you're on the same page as the people you directly fight alongside. Not Polo and the other top tier fighters, but the guys on the ground who will be dealing with the guards.

Prattford is personally powerful enough that trying to drive him off is just an invitation for him to come back with a bigger army in the future. People who are willing to murder to acquire resources can always regroup. We know he's not shy about killing.

If the people who live here want to be free of Prattford for good, they need to kill him or figure out how to imprison him. If they can catch him alive, they can even hold a trial for all the people he's murdered while he was tyrant. Then they can do a legal execution, instead of killing him on the battlefield.

In any case, you have no choice but to agree with Polo's crazy idea here. You already know too much about what he's intending to do. Either you fight alongside his forces (at a minimum long enough to get out) or you accept being held prisoner by Polo's men until the situation is over.

It might be a very polite and nice internment, but he won't be able to do anything but have you neutralized until the fight is over. The risk that one of you three would act selfishly and tip off Prattford in exchange for what you actually want is too great, and would be a lesson Polo would have already learned.

Or do you think that a foreign army can maintain control of a place without local collaborators?
>>
No. 817291 ID: e681e3
File 150065797764.png - (317.67KB , 1500x1500 , 79.png )
817291

>>815524

>>815685
>In for a penny, in for a pound. Might as well overthrow the local government while we're here.

>But really though. what happened to the other earthlings? Have they crossed-over already, or were they removed in a more violent manner by Prattford?


What do you mean, "What happened to the Earthlings?" For all I know, we could have passed by quite a few today. There's no way to tell the difference between...

...There was a term for people from this Tier. I know that Polo mentioned it at some point. What was it- Sharian!

Anyways, there's no way to tell the difference between humans and sharians. At least, no way that I'm aware of. We probably passed by at least one human today.

More importantly, I should probably address Polo's plan.

Ann "I'm going to need a bit more information than that. Who, when, and how?"

Polo "Well... I have at least thirty people on board currently. Most of them are people with powerful energia or experience in combat, but there are a few with less skill or abilities. You probably don't know most of them, as far as I know."

Ann "Just out of curiosity, do you know if a woman named Henry is among your group?" Polo tilts his head in confusion.

Polo "Hmm? I don't know who that is."

Ann "Never mind then." He rubs his chin in thought. After a few seconds, his face lights up.

Polo "That's right! Wilson will be there. He's someone you know, so it won't all be strangers. Actually, come to think about it, you'll finally get a chance to meet his Wilson's wife. You'll like her. She's really nice."

Logan "W-W-Wilson is married?" Logan speaks through his hand, to try and muffle any vocal slips.

Polo "Well, yeah. I mean, the guy's thirty. It's not that uncommon for people his age."

Gina "He's thirty?! Bullshit! I'm calling bullshit on that."

Logan "I-" Logan slaps himself, and tries again. "I th-thought he was like t-t-twenty."

Ann "Guys, that's not what's important right now." I turn towards Polo. "When will this attack take place?"

Polo "Three days from now."

Ann "Okay That's... not a lot of time to prepare for something this important." I was hoping for at least a week. It would have given me time to learn all the details, practice using my revolver, and mentally prepare myself. If a day here is twenty-seven and a half hours, then we would have less than eighty-two and a half hours to ready ourselves.

Gina "So, what the hell is the plan? You just gonna break down the door, and walk inside?'

Polo "Of course not, that would be a terrible plan. The entrance is the one of the most guarded part of the castle, second only to any room Prattford is in. Instead, we're going to enter through a window."

Ann "Will you be using your cloud to carry everyone?"

Polo "Yep!"

Ann "Alright, then do you have a window in mind?"

Polo "Also yes. We happen to know that one section of the castle will be unguarded for two minutes during the guard rotation. Our man on the inside gave us the information."

Ann "You have an agent?"

Polo "Yes, but I can't say who. Can't risk anyone blowing their cover. All you need to know is that they'll place a lantern on the windowsill. That lantern will tell us everything we need to know about the situation inside the castle."

Gina "All right! Have you heard enough strategy talk to accept yet? Of course we'll help!"

Ann "Wait, we should discuss this as a group before making a choice. Polo, give us a few minutes to talk."

Polo "I can wait."

Ann "Huddle up guys." Logan, Gina, and I form a closed triangle.

Gina "Gah! You guys don't have the hair for group huddles. This shit's goin' everywhere!"

Ann "Please bear with it for a few minutes. I want to know what you two think about Polo's proposal."

Gina "Obviously, I'm for it. It may not be as satisfying as punching Prattford's lights out, but it'll do."

Logan signs a few words at Gina.

Gina "Logan has mixed feelings. He's happy to help, but he's worried that he won't be able to handle any guards. Even with his suit."

Ann "Alright. I think we should go, but take on minor roles. Gina, you could potentially be on the front-lines, but I'm guessing you'll want to stay with Logan?"

Gina "I'm not ditching either of you."

Ann "Okay then. We should take more supportive positions. Logan can use his power as a distraction, you can use your fire to take out anyone who gets too close to us, and I'll take a bunch of different bullets. I'm gonna need a better way to carry them though..."

Logan makes a few gestures.

Gina "Logan will hook you up with something."

Ann "Alright, are we all on board with this?"

Gina "No problems here."

Logan nods his head.

Polo "Okay then!" I stumble slightly, caught off guard by Polo's sudden input. I look up, to see him hovering above us on Puff. He's probably been listening in this whole time.

Polo "Meet up at the tavern, three days from now at 11:30 in the evening. 'Til then, I'll see you soon." With nothing more than a wave, Polo flies out the window. He's quickly out of sight.

Three days. That's all the time we have to prepare. We need to use our time wisely.

I'm open to suggestions on how to spend my time. I have a few ideas, but not enough to fill up three days. Gina and Logan are probably the same. If you have any plans, I'll hear you out.
>>
No. 817380 ID: 9dc26d

>>817291
If you're going to fight, you need practice fighting.

A bullet is a bullet, even if it's a fancy round that's carrying an oil payload or whatever. If it hits wrong someone will die. So you should be practicing your shooting, and not just in good conditions. Practice while you're hungry, practice while you're tired, practice while you're covered in mud, practice while you've been doused in itching powder. If you're serious about not killing people, you need to have perfect control of your weapon in all possible conditions.


Logan's exoskeleton is a powerful advantage, if he can use it right. At the moment he's likely to either hurt himself or kill whoever he's fighting. He's hitting with enough force to pulp people, and he's not good at pulling his punches yet.

He should be practicing with a trainer as much as he can for the next three days. Even if he's planning on playing a supporting role instead of directly fighting, he needs to be comfortable enough to be able to defend himself.


Gina has pretty good control, mostly. But she needs to practice against humanoid targets. She should be able to disarm, distract, and discourage attackers. Again, the "practice in all conditions" advice holds true. She needs to be able to accurately use her power while she's half-drowned and starved for air. Not because that's a situation we want to happen, but because you plan for the worst.
>>
No. 817467 ID: 9876c4

Ann: Spend a lot of time questioning why all of your friends are attracted to Wilson. Maybe it will come in useful later?
also practice your powers, like we talked about

Logan: Start sketching up designs for Ann's bandoleer-thing.

Gina: Guitar solo. Dragonforce- Through the Fire and the Flames. On Expert.
>>
No. 817500 ID: 5c99d7

>One informant
I don't like the sound of that. Chances are he's brainwashed to be loyal and will send you straight into an electric cage.

Spend time finding another way in. Surround the throne room with different forces and you might pull this off...
>>
No. 817503 ID: cd7d15

Minor experiment I want to try- have Gina set Ann's book on fire as Ann sends it 'back' into it's portal, see if that does anything.
>>
No. 820990 ID: e681e3
File 150215128592.png - (401.23KB , 1500x1500 , 80.png )
820990

>>817291

>>817380
>If you're going to fight, you need practice fighting.

>A bullet is a bullet, even if it's a fancy round that's carrying an oil payload or whatever. If it hits wrong someone will die. So you should be practicing your shooting, and not just in good conditions. Practice while you're hungry, practice while you're tired, practice while you're covered in mud, practice while you've been doused in itching powder. If you're serious about not killing people, you need to have perfect control of your weapon in all possible conditions.


>Logan's exoskeleton is a powerful advantage, if he can use it right. At the moment he's likely to either hurt himself or kill whoever he's fighting. He's hitting with enough force to pulp people, and he's not good at pulling his punches yet.

>He should be practicing with a trainer as much as he can for the next three days. Even if he's planning on playing a supporting role instead of directly fighting, he needs to be comfortable enough to be able to defend himself.


>Gina has pretty good control, mostly. But she needs to practice against humanoid targets. She should be able to disarm, distract, and discourage attackers. Again, the "practice in all conditions" advice holds true. She needs to be able to accurately use her power while she's half-drowned and starved for air. Not because that's a situation we want to happen, but because you plan for the worst.


Ann "Hey, guys, here's what the voices have to say..."

I impart the messages meant for them.

Logan "R-R-Right."

Gina "Thanks for the suggestion, but I've got my own plan. I'm going to eat a big meal, and take it easy until mission day."

Ann "Is that all?"

Gina "Yep. I might help Logan with his combat training, and I'll definitely need to cook up a plan to get past Pratthole's water show. Other than that, I'm good to go."

While her schedule seems irresponsible, it's actually fitting for her. Gina's naturally a pretty good fighter, so training isn't as necessary. She's spent years practicing her fire manipulation, so practice would bear inconsequential results. Finally, if what Polo said is true, we shouldn't have to worry about Prattford. Our job will be to deal with the guards, not the water bender himself. Resting up her mind and body is all she really needs.

As for me, I should find a place to practice firing this thing.

~~~~~~~~~~

Apparently, I'm not the only one here who's got things to shoot. When I asked Jodie about possible firing ranges, she hooked me up with an instructor. His name is Shin Sakuma.

Shin "Be gentle with the trigger. If you jerk it like that, you'll mess up your aim."

Apparently, firing a gun incorrectly is incredibly simple. I don't know where I got the idea that it wasn't. Also, just to be clear, I'm only practicing with the piercing shots for now. They have the simplest trajectory, and are the most important to get right. These could kill people!

I fire off another shot, and watch it go below the target once more. Closer, but far from good.

I lower my gun, and turn towards Shin. He shakes his head.

Shin "Your arm lowered slightly before the shot. You need to be able to hold your stance."

I take out the earbuds Logan gave me, and ask Shin a question.

Ann "How do you know so much about proper shooting?" I have a suspicion, but I would appreciate confirmation.

Shin "I was a marine, back on Earth." For whichever voice it was that asked, there you have it. Someone from Tier one.

Ann "Did you have to shoot much? Our last war was quite a while ago."

Shin "They had us practice firing different weapons at least three times a week. They really force you to memorize every aspect of shooting, for good reason too! If you don't hit your target, you've given them more time to hit you and your comrades."

Ann "Just to be clear, most people here aren't carrying firearms, right?"

Shin "No, it's not very common. You're the only other person I know who has one. However, that doesn't erase your responsibility."

Ann "Of course not. I just wanted to make sure."

Shin "Now, put those earbuds back in. We aren't leaving until you either run out of bullets, or land six consecutive shots right into the center."

Right as the sun goes down, I finally land six in a row. After standing here for hours on end, with only a lunch break to clear up the monotony, it's a beautiful sight. It's a good thing Logan packed so many, or else I would have to be more sparing.

Shin "Great job! I was starting to worry we'd be practicing into tomorrow."

Ann "Cool..." I'm too tired to formulate my thoughts into words. My hands are sore from the recoil, my legs are sore from standing for so long... I want to go to sleep.

Shin "Alright! I'll see you again tomorrow. Next time, we'll try out a moving target."

sigh...

~~~~~~~~~~

Ann "Why is there a window to... the sky? Yeah, why is there a sky window in this room?"

After a much shorter firing session with Shin, I decided to come by this Tier's school. Specifically, I wanted to speak with one of the teachers. He's supposed to be the strategist behind this strike.

Teacher "Hello to you too. How can I help you?"

Ann "Oh, sorry. That window just took me by surprise. My name is Ann Pepper. I wanted to get some details about the... thing." I'm not sure how open I should be about details here. It's a school, not a very private location.

Teacher "Ah, I see. Nice to meet you, Ann. My name is Marvin Read."

Ann "Um... This isn't what I came here for but... The window?"

Marvin "Do you like it? It was quite a hassle to install."

Ann "If what Logan told me is even remotely close to true, then I would assume so. Then again, I get the impression that this is some sort of energia. Am I right?" Logan had to design his portal experiment with machinery, but I don't see much of a border around this window. If I look closely, I can see wood underneath the purple glow. Nothing resembling technology though.

Marvin "It was a mixture of different energia. Polo was helpful in getting Alice and I to the correct height. Alice locked the second window in the air, and all I had to do was supply the link. The teacher's lounge hasn't looked better."

Ann "It is nice. Sort of calming."

Marvin "Yes... Now, I do believe you had some questions? We can talk about anything here." Confirmation, we can talk here.

Ann "I have a few questions and concerns about the plan. Firstly..."


>>817500
>One informant
>I don't like the sound of that. Chances are he's brainwashed to be loyal and will send you straight into an electric cage.

>Spend time finding another way in. Surround the throne room with different forces and you might pull this off...


Ann "Polo mentioned that you have an informant. Can you prove that they are not brainwashed or disloyal?"

Marvin chuckles in response. It's somewhat reassuring.

Marvin "Well, they definitely aren't brainwashed. I've spoken to them recently, and their behavior was the same as it's always been. Energia like that would have noticeable effects on the target. Especially when I brought up specifics about the plan. As for treachery, it's impossible."

Ann "How so?"

Marvin "For starters, it would imply that someone would willingly subject themselves to Prattford. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but Prattford has an abrasive personality."

Ann "I may have picked up on the hints." I rub my eye for emphasis.

Marvin "He doesn't have many fans, even among his own men. They serve him on the queen's orders. Our informant, however, isn't pledged to the queen."

Ann "Who exactly are they?"

Marvin "Her name is Trekker. Before Prattford set himself up, she was our elected mayor."

Ann "...And Prattford just let her into his ranks?"

Marvin "No, he forced her into his ranks. He gave her an ultimatum that boiled down to: serve him as a lowly secretary, or rot in a cell. She chose the former."

Ann "...He made her a secretary. He gave his political rival a role where she would deal with his files and information." It would be hilarious if he didn't have the power to easily kill people.

Marvin "Many of Prattford's decisions are meant to be shows of his authority. He likes to show off his power. Now..." Marvin opens a drawer in his desk, and pulls out a few papers. "What else would you like to know?"

Ann "What's the actual plan? I understand that we'll be entering through a window, but what happens after that? Will we be splitting into groups?"

Marvin "Oh, you guessed correctly. After making sure the area is clear, we will be separating into groups. Half of the people will focus on finding and subduing Prattford. The other half will hold off the guards."

Ann "Wait, back up a bit. What do you mean by find Prattford?"

Marvin "Our intel indicates that he doesn't have one bedroom. He constantly alternates between five rooms every night, with no set pattern."

He hands me an exterior map of his castle, with a few areas highlighted.

Marvin "We won't be certain where he is, so we have to split our forces. If we give him time and an opportunity, he might escape. Worse still, we have reason to believe that the rooms he isn't in will have multiple traps set up to detain invaders. Caution will be necessary at all points."

Ann "I see. Thank you." I set the map down on his desk, next to his mug. I read the text on it: "#1 Father, but only due to limited selection". I wonder if I can get something similar for my dad. I'll ask him where I can pick one up after the strike.

Ann "Could you tell me one more thing?"

Marvin "Sure, go ahead and ask."

Ann "What roles have you assigned for me, Logan Faust, and Gina Cortez?"

Marvin "Oh, I actually just finished assigning you the other day. One second..." He flips through the papers in his hands, before stopping on one.

Marvin "Here we go. After assessing your abilities, as well as your personal relationships, I decided that you would work best as a support group. You'll be paired up with Group #2; a four member team made up by Polasarius Purt, Wilson Dreygat, Quinn Dreygat, and Gwen Valor. Your team will be searching the eastern turret, which contains the secondary throne room."

Ann "Wait, he has a secondary throne room?"

Marvin "Yes. He uses it for meetings with people he considers less important."

Ann "Right, we're dealing with a powerful child."

Marvin "Do you have any questions, thoughts, or concerns about this current plan?"

Ann "Not at the moment, but I'll come back if I think of anything. Thank you."

We exchange a handshake, before I leave the room. I'll share the details with Logan and Gina later today. After everything I've accomplished, I think I've earned a trip to Marley's.

~~~~~~~~~~

Logan finished my bullet carrier today. He bashfully explained that it was all he could do with the time he had, but it was far better than what I expected. It's a belt with two pouches on the sides, and six bullet dispensers. Three in the front, and three in the back. Each dispenser can hold three bullets at a time, and both pouches can hold ten bullets each. Using this, I can carry 38 bullets at a time. 44, when you count the six that are already loaded.

While that number is great, it's also what has lead to my current situation. Because, as you know, Logan didn't give me a normal gun. This gun has an array of bullets. Ten different types, to be exact. While I can eliminate gas shots (as I'm lacking in gas to fill them with), that still leaves me with nine types to choose from.

Not only that, the different pocket types mean that I have to be smart about where I put my bullets. The dispensers drop all three bullets at once, so I need to pair up shots that synchronize well. I can't just fill a dispenser with two waters and a sleep. A smarter combination would be oil and fire, or blunts and gust, or water and shock. The pouches, on the other hand, don't keep the bullets still. If I'm in a rush, and I reach in to grab a bullet, it will take longer to find the exact one I want. The best use for these would be for refilling my dispensers. Alternatively, I could fill each pouch with only one kind of shot. If I did that, then it would be viable for me to reach into them during a fight.

Ugh, the strike is tonight, and I don't know what I should do. I have six dispensers, two pouches, and one cylinder to fill. If I choose poorly, I'll be useless. I need to be smart about my ammunition.

Too many piercings, and I'm lethal. Too many water/oils, and I lack independence. There has to be a balance.

Let's see... I think...

Oh, voices! You usually come up with good ideas (and some stupid ones, but I'll chalk that up to a vocal minority). Do any of you want to weigh in, before I lock in my selection?
>>
No. 821017 ID: 094652

You're dealing with a water mage and an entire castle of metal-covered knights. 90% of your armory should be electric.
>>
No. 821080 ID: fd6335

We should at least have some electrics, juuust in case.
The water electric combo also could be a plan but I think water on it's own probably won't be.
Blanks strike me as an nice pairing with piercing shots actually- blank to stun then the piercing follow up as fast as you can manage.
The main thing I'm thinking we'll need to deal with are armored humans, so I suspect Gust might let you knock them over and take advantage of the weight of their armor.
I'm thinking...
A sleep loader, a pouch full of electrics, maybe a water loader and gust loader, piercing&blunts in the gun to begin with, and a loader for both piercing and blunts, something along those lines is what I'm thinking...
>>
No. 824598 ID: e681e3
File 150352602944.png - (181.95KB , 1500x1500 , 81.png )
824598

>>820990

>>821017
>You're dealing with a water mage and an entire castle of metal-covered knights. 90% of your armory should be electric.

>>821080
>We should at least have some electrics, juuust in case.
>The water electric combo also could be a plan but I think water on it's own probably won't be.
>Blanks strike me as an nice pairing with piercing shots actually- blank to stun then the piercing follow up as fast as you can manage.
>The main thing I'm thinking we'll need to deal with are armored humans, so I suspect Gust might let you knock them over and take advantage of the weight of their armor.
>I'm thinking...
>A sleep loader, a pouch full of electrics, maybe a water loader and gust loader, piercing&blunts in the gun to begin with, and a loader for both piercing and blunts, something along those lines is what I'm thinking...

(Shot color reference) >>745584 (Minor Retcon: Oil is actually Gas, and Gas is actually Empty. This should make things clearer, moving forwards.)


Okay, first of all, I would never run electricity against a water mage. It would be like trying to beat Gina with Gasoline. Electricity against armored guards however, is a more reasonable idea...

Let's start with my gun. I'll want a few shocks, and a couple blunts. A sleep might come in handy, and maybe a gust? That's six. I think this combination will work well at the start.

Pouches next. Only going with shocks is a bit limiting; but if I add too many different types, it'll take longer to find what I need. With that in mind, I'm going with shocks, blunts, and piercings in the first pouch. Just enough that I have options, and not too many that I'd never be able to get what I want.

As for the second pouch... I might just grab a bit of everything. I'm thinking two of everything, and then ten random shots. I can use this one as general reload supply for my dispensers.

Speaking of which, I should use bullet sets that pair well for these dispensers. These are my quickest options for reloading, so I need to be smart about this. Let's see...:

Dispenser 1: This is the one right in the front. It's one of the easiest to get to, so I should insert something that utilizes that. I'm going with Two Gusts and a Piercing. If I get launched into the air, I can use the wind from the gusts to help break my fall. That makes it important to keep these close. The piercing is here to add a bit of offensive strength to this set.

Dispenser 2: This dispenser goes in front of my left leg. That makes this a good place to carry some nice quick damaging shots. I'll take the simple route, and go with Two Shocks and a Piercing.

Dispenser 3: This one's in front of my right leg. This is pretty much the same as last time. Two shocks and... Maybe a blank? If I set the expectation by using the other side first, the blank could be a nice tool to misdirect an opponent.

Dispenser 4: Back left leg... This would be a good place to store a more... situational combo. Let's do Two Sleeps and a Gust. According to Logan, the sleeps don't fill up much space. I'll need at least two if I want them to be useful. The gust could be useful in using the sleep shots against long distance enemies.

Dispenser 5: Back right leg. Well... I did want to put that water electric combo somewhere. Two Waters and a Shock.

Dispenser 6: Rear dispenser. The advantage to this one, is that my opponent doesn't get a good look at what I load. That's only worth mentioning if they can recognize my bullets though. I haven't used fire or gas anywhere yet... Two Gas, One Fire

Okay, that's everything. Jeez, that felt like it took a while.

Gina "Hey, Ann, you ready?"

Ann "Yeah, I just had to load up this belt. I like it, but having this many different pockets makes me want to fill all of them up. It's like giving a fat kid a candy platter. He's gonna want to eat all of them."

With nothing else holding us back, the three of us leave for the tavern.
>>
No. 824732 ID: 9876c4

Going with half-moon clips over speedloaders is another one of Logan's puzzling design decisions. Revolvers are slow to reload, you you generally want to reload the whole thing at once.

With a mixed load, especially, accuracy is paramount. No long-range sniping or trick shots. Just peg the center of mass, using single action if possible.

Have fun storming the castle.
>>
No. 824842 ID: 9dc26d

>>824732
Speed loaders are a little slower than a well designed moon clip, actually. Going with an autorevolver in the first place was far more curious, but it's an experimental one-off so a lot of the problems you'd see in a mass production run weapon just aren't a concern at all.
>>
No. 824844 ID: 9dc26d

>>824598
I could beat Gina with gasoline. It's all in how you use what you got.
>>
No. 824994 ID: 91d0dc

Maybe, point was I think that if we electrified the water, we'd make the water more dangerous. The same water Prattford can easily manipulate. So instead of 'I summon water' 'I zap you through the water' it's more 'I zap the water' 'I fry you with my now electrified water'.
>>
No. 840835 ID: e681e3
File 150932068153.png - (1.07MB , 2600x1950 , 82.png )
840835

>>824598


Gina "Huh... I guess Polo did say there were at least thirty people."

Ann "That's actually not too many for what we're doing. It's just that this building is smaller than the our local equivalents."

The room was booming with voices. So many people were speaking all at once, and in such a cramped area.

Logan "There's P-P-P-Polo and W-Wilson."

The two figures were sitting near the entrance. Next to Wilson was a third figure, who I did not recognize. If I had to guess, it may have been Wilson's wife.

Hmm... I need to get a clearer look at the room.

Ann "Hold on a sec, guys. I'm going to the back to get a clearer look at this place."

After I say this, I walk towards the staircase in the back corner of the room. Let's see...

From here, I can see thirty-one people in here; but there are three above me out of sight. Not counting my group, there are thirty-four people here. More than two-thirds of them are strangers. I probably won't need to know all of them, but it may be a good idea to at least know a few of our allies.

Gina and Logan walk up towards me, before speaking.

Gina "Hey, Ann, I think we should split up."

Ann "Hmm?"

Gina "It would be a good idea to get to know the people we'll be working with. Since we probably won't have a lot of time to talk to everyone, I think we should each sit with different groups."

Looks like she came to the same conclusion I did.

Ann "That makes sense. Where will you two be?"

Logan "I-I w-w-want to meet W-William's wife."

Gina "Eh, I'm good with whatever. Uhh, I'll talk to that... Is that a robot? Whatever, I'll find out when I ask."

I look at the people Gina was motioning towa- That's a robot. Why is there a robot here? Most of these places don't even have electricity in their homes. How is there a robo-

Ugh, I'm going to get a headache if I keep focusing on that.

Ann "Fine. We'll be together for the plan, so we'll get back together when it's time to group up."

Gina "Got it. See you then."

They walk off, leaving me alone at the bottom of the staircase.

...

Jeez! I can't just listlessly choose like that! I have to think this through. Would I be better off with the bigger tables? I would have more time to talk if I went with a smaller group. Maybe I should pick a table that has at least one person I know. Or, maybe a group that I completely don't recognize?

Being this indecisive is just wasting time. I need to visualize this a bit differently. Just... simplify things a little bit.
>>
No. 840844 ID: e681e3
File 150932111975.png - (147.98KB , 1500x1500 , 83.png )
840844

>>840835


Alright, that's better. It looks pretty bad, but it'll suffice.

At table 'A', there are three people. An Anxious looking boy, a Dog person, and a woman wearing a spherical Helmet. They all look very friendly.

Table 'B' features a man with a messenger Bag, a man in a Suit, and a girl that looks like an Elf. This is probably the most normal group. They're physical quirks are more toned down than everyone else's.

Gina went to table 'C', so that ones off limits. The two there are the Robot and a Mechanic. A fitting pair.

There are four people at table 'D'. Two of them are boys. One looks rather Normal, while the other looks like a Nerd. There's a Slender woman, who seems a bit nervous. Next to her is...

Serial Killer Lumberjack. Shoot, I guess I can't keep avoiding him. Maybe he's actually a nice guy. I won't know until I talk to him. He alone makes this the most horrific group.

Logan's at table 'E', and I've met most of those people already. Polo, Wilson, Wilson's Wife, that Couple Gina saved, and a strange Chromatic man are sitting there.

It looks like table 'F' is already pretty full, having six people on the benches. There's a short woman wearing a Fez, and a woman wearing Autumn colors across from her. In the middle of the benches are an Elderly man, and a weirdly Sharp person. Finally, at the end of the benches is a Brawny man, and a ---- ------. This group is probably the most varied.

Table 'G' is rather barren, only sitting two at the moment. I recognize Marvin from the school, but the other guy is
new to me. He looks a bit like a Superhero, with the spandex suit and mask. Maybe he's a relative of Marvin? I could probably talk to Marvin about the plan if I sat there, so this would be the most strategic choice

Behind them is table 'H'. Hey! It's Jannet Frostbyte. I haven't actually talked to her, but Henry told me about her.
She's talking to another bald man. I think he matches the description of someone Logan told me about. I think his name was... Benji? Out of the available groups, I'm most familiar with this one.

Aside from the tables, there are two groups of people upstairs. It's weird that there's no barrier along the edge of the floor. Back on Earth, any restaurant with an obvious safety issue like that would be shut down in minutes.

The group that I can see from the stairs (group 'I') is standing close to a door. There's a very young Boy, a similarly aged Girl, and a person with Animal features. I can definitely see a wing, a paw, and a tail. I bet this group would be the easiest to talk to, since two of them are children.

I have to move away from the staircase to see the final group (group 'J'). Well... I say group, but only two of them are together.
I didn't want to leave Shin out though, so I'm counting him in. He's just sitting with his legs hanging over the ledge. I recognize the other two from the restaurant. The first is the Stick figure girl, and the other is the small girl with long Spiky hair. They're engaged in a conversation. This group has the most interesting appearances in the room.

Alright! I've looked over my options, and I know who I'm going to sit with.

CHOOSE A GROUP!
A
B
D
F
G
H
I
J
>>
No. 840935 ID: 094652

A
>>
No. 841032 ID: 9876c4

Count my vote towards B or H. Seems like we could start up a conversation easier with the latter, but I kinda want to meet an elf.
>>
No. 841326 ID: 9dc26d

D, the scary lumberjack's group!
>>
No. 842136 ID: e681e3

Votes are locked in! I'm drawing the update now.

I had my bro clear up the tie-breaker. He picked group 'D', so that's what we're going with. See you in a few days~
>>
No. 842149 ID: 9876c4

Thank you Bro-kun.
>>
No. 842151 ID: 9dc26d

Bro-kun is the best.
>>
No. 842731 ID: e681e3
File 150991606311.png - (297.09KB , 1500x1500 , 84.png )
842731

>>840844


Steeling my resolve, I march towards group 'D'.

Ann "Excuse me, do you mind if I sit here?"

Boy 1 "Sure, that's fine."

Boy 2 "Please, go ahead."

I sit beside the darker skinned boy, and introduce myself to them.

Ann "I'm Ann Pepper. I'm not from around here, so I'm not as familiar with everyone else yet. Do you live here?"

Boy 1 "No, we're not locals either."

Ann "Then, are you from Earth?"

Boy 1 "Yeah, that's it. Sam and I came here just a few days ago." He motions to the boy in glasses.

Ann "Did you come in a group? Most people travel in at least groups of three. It's rare to see two people traveling alone."

Boy 1 "Well, it wasn't exactly a scheduled trip."

Ann "Huh?"

Sam "What Joe means is, we didn't mean to come here. It was sort of an accident."

An accident? One of them probably has a warp ability then. That would explain how they could accidentally end up here. That, or they were sent here by someone else with one. It would have to be a pretty strong power if it can send them to another planet. Then again, maybe it just sent them to the Gate?

Oh, wait, why don't I just take the direct route?

Ann "How did you accidentally find yourselves on another planet?"

Joe "W-Well, uh, you see, our friend Fred was messing around. He was pressing some things he shouldn't have touched, and... things just sort of happened. If he hadn't been so lucky, Fred probably would have been sitting where you are right now."

...That was rather vague. It looks like my second theory was more accurate. They got sent here by somebody else.

Ann "Will he be able to bring you back at least? I'd hate to learn that you were stranded on another planet through misfortune."

Sam "We just need to get something back from Prattford, and then we'll be able to hightail it back home."

Ann "Get something back? What did he take?"

Joe "It's just a book, but it's important to me. It's a family heirloom. I'm not leaving without it."

Sam "Marvin teamed us up with the group that will be checking his personal library. Apparently, his informant saw him place it on one of the shelves. If we can just get that back, we can head home."

...

I'm definitely missing something. It was their friend that sent them here, but they can leave at any time? It can't be that one of them has a warp ability, else they would have just teleported into the castle and grabbed their book by now. Unless the limitations of the ability prevent that, like if it took a day's rest before a second usage...

As far as I can tell, their problems have nothing to do with the plan. They're here for personal reasons. They seem nice enough, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
>>
No. 842733 ID: e681e3
File 150991647258.png - (233.92KB , 1500x1500 , 85.png )
842733

>>842731


Turning my attention to the other side of the table, I notice that the woman who had been sitting across from me was gone. I look around the restaurant, and see her talking to Logan and Polo. I wonder why she left?

The only person I'd yet to talk to was... him.

Deep breaths Ann, you've got this.

Ann "Er, hi there. It's nice to meet you. You probably heard already, but I'm Ann Pepper. What's your name?"

Lumberjack "..."

His eyes stare into my own. It's as if he's staring into my soul.

Sam "I don't think he can talk. He hasn't said a word since he sat down."

Ann "Um, in that case... Blink twice if you can't talk, and blink once if you just don't want to."

His eyelids remain motionless. For thirty seconds straight, he continues to stare through me. Afterwards, he blinks.

Ann "Was that a response, or just a normal blink?"

Joe "Wendy said that he was just shy, but maybe that's not all. Maybe he just doesn't speak English."

Ah! Of course! That would perfectly explain this type of behavior.

...Okay, it would certainly leave a lot unanswered, but it would explain some of this.

Ann "Do you have a name?"

That actually prompted a response from the scary man. Slowly, he picked up the axe, which had been lying on the table. He pointed towards the tool in his hand.

Ann "...Axe?"

He nods.

Well, that kills the language barrier theory.

Ann "By any chance, are you a lumberjack?"

Axe "..."

Ann "..."

Axe "..."

Ann "Cool, cool."

Please let this meeting start soon, please let this meeting start soon...


Choose Your Next Event!
A: Gina And Group 'C'
B: Logan And Group 'E'
C: Skip Them, And Get Started With The Meeting
>>
No. 842793 ID: 094652

>Skip Them, And Get Started With The Meeting
Please don't spend a whole week talking, we'd really like to start putting ideas in the bucket instead of listening to an entire bar of rebels talk and talk and talk...
>>
No. 842824 ID: 9dc26d

A, Gina's group next. I don't mind talking and learning some stuff about who we're storming the castle with.
>>
No. 842996 ID: 9876c4

I'm into hearing some more gossip.
>>
No. 846229 ID: e681e3
File 151113311502.png - (1.03MB , 1500x1500 , 86.png )
846229

>>842733

>>842824
>A, Gina's group next. I don't mind talking and learning some stuff about who we're storming the castle with.


I take a chair, and sit down at the table. The two who were already there begin staring at me. I should introduce myself.

Gina "Are you a robot?"

Robot "Yes."

Gina "Neat. I'm Gina Cortez. Nice to meet you."

Robot "I am R0-B3RT, but I will also respond to Robert. It is very nice to meet you as well."

Gina "What about you?" I point towards the man who was tooling around with Robert's head. "What's your name.

Upon acknowledgement, he closed Robert's head.

Man "The name's Alan Cola. I'm the mechanic that built Robert here. Impressed?"

I look back at Robert. He seemed very lifelike. If you put some skin and hair on him, he might actually look like a normal person.

Gina "Yeah, he looks pretty cool."

Alan "Pretty cool indeed! Robert is my magnum opus! Even a single one of his mechanisms would blow the mind of any scientist in this town. The artificial intelligence that
controls his body..."

Oh jeez, he's going full fledged ego trip. It's too late for me to leave.

Robert "Sorry. Alan gets like this sometimes. He is very passionate about his work."

Gina "I can tell."

Robert "My memory banks have recorded three total sights of you in this town. These images were only taken over the previous three days. This data indicates that you are likely a traveler. Most likely, you are from Earth?"

Gina "Uhh... yeah. No need for the deduction though, you could of just asked."

Robert "Ah, sorry. Alan wants me to test my mental features daily. Simple tasks such as that allow me to polish my skills."

Alan "...Solar power PLUS sparkbug venom. The first fifty-three models ended up exploding, but good 'ol fifty-four was the right balance. Course, fifty-four through seventy-two had some major processing trouble...

Gina "..He's still going."

Robert "...Yes. This could go on for a while."

Gina "Yo! Can I get one of those drinks over here."

I shouldn't get hammered before this strike, but one drink won't hurt.

...Ugh, I can already here those damn voices yelling at me. Fine, non-alcoholic.
>>
No. 846231 ID: e681e3
File 151113332121.png - (491.41KB , 1500x1500 , 87.png )
846231

>>846229

>>842793
>Please don't spend a whole week talking, we'd really like to start putting ideas in the bucket instead of listening to an entire bar of rebels talk and talk and talk...


As I'm chugging down some weird (mango flavored?) drink, I hear someone shouting from behind me.

??? "Hey! Quit talking! Marvin's got some stuff to explain, so listen up!"

I turn, and see two men next to a strange board. One was well-dressed and scrawny, while the buff one was wearing some weird spandex suit.

Marvin "Thank you very much, Vincent. You may return to your seat." With little more than a grunt of acknowledgement, the larger man does as Marvin requests.

Marvin "Everyone, thank you for coming. I am well aware that the majority of you would rather avoid this type of fight all-together, but the situation has changed. Prattford's decision to prevent humans from crossing through the Gate stands against everything Towne is for. It was our disagreement with how other cities were handling the Gate situation that brought many of us here. To openly defy one of the founding principles of our home is reprehensible. This is not the first time Prattford has ignored the will of Towne's citizens. He claimed the throne through illegitimate means, and has paid no mind to the laws we've set in place. For all of these infractions, it is our duty to remove this foolish king from our city."

Marvin "Our plan is to strike tonight, after the changing of the guard. If we attacked in the morning, Prattford's personal guard would escort him to a safe location before we would even be able to reach him. If that happened, he would most likely return with an even greater army than before. We need to reach one of four possible outcomes."

Marvin "The best case scenario, would be total surrender from Prattford himself. We would demand his expulsion from the city, and have the Queen sign a peace treaty. If this is impossible, as Prattford's personality would likely make it, then our next goal would be to take Prattford into custody. We could then use him as leverage to negotiate a peace treaty. This would be a less favorable option, as it leaves the possibility that our negotiations could fail."

Marvin "If neither of those options are attainable, then we're left with two choices. The least awful one would be to get the army to surrender. Even if Prattford were to escape, this option would at least de-power him. This route provides little incentive for the Queen to accept a treaty, and cannot promise that Prattford will not return. Our last resort option would be to kill Prattford, and evacuate Towne. We would be trading Prattford for the Queen, an enemy we are incapable of defeating. We would need to transport all citizens as far away from this city as possible. This would be the worst ending, second only to utter failure."

Marvin "While that may seem grim, do not despair. I believe that with the people we have gathered, we will be able to defeat Prattford. We will force him to surrender, and take back our home."

Marvin "Beside me is a list of the team groupings. Please pay no mind to the scribbles. I had children in my home, and they used this scrumstone as a canvas. Please locate your location on this chart, and check to see who everyone else will be with. There have been rumors of a shapeshifter among Prattford's guard, which we have been unable to fully deny. If you see someone away from their group, demand an explanation for their lack of company."
>>
No. 846233 ID: e681e3
File 151113352601.png - (741.97KB , 1750x1100 , 88.png )
846233

>>846231


Ann already told Logan and I that we were on D-Support, so I find my name easily. While that part is easy to understand...

Gina "What the hell are those colored circles supposed to mean?"

Robert "They are symbols for strength. The color indicates what that person's greatest attribute is. Red means overwhelming power, orange means technique, blue means support, green means communication, yellow means healing, and pink indicates that the individual has some form of Specialty Energia. If the circle is cut in half, it means that usage of their greatest strengths are situational. Alan is considered a healer, because his main contribution is repairing any damage I take, but he can't provide that type of healing to anyone else."

Gina "Hmm... Wait a sec, why isn't my circle pink? I can manipulate fire, how is that not considered a specialty?"

Robert "Manipulation is not quite uncommon enough to enter that category. Bandi, in comparison, has a somewhat unquantifiable ability. He can pull random items out of the bag he carries with him. You could classify it as a summoning ability, but most Energia of that archetype either summon one specific item or one variety of item. Bandi's Energia is unique, and difficult to categorize. That's the type of ability that falls under the term Specialty Energia. Do you understand?"

Gina "Yeah, I get it. Thanks for the explanation, Rob."

Robert "I am happy to help."

Alright, my category makes sense then. Overwhelming strength is sort of my thing. Ann is a support and Logan is... Communication and power? I get power, that robotic skeleton of his is scary strong, but communication?

What, does Marvin expect him to scream messages through the castle. "Prattford wasn't here, check somewhere else!"

...Actually, that would probably work.

Marvin "Allow me to explain entry. The door everyone entered from, right at the front of the bar, that's what we'll be using. With my Energia, I'll open a gateway into the castle. Teams will enter one at a time, and unnecessary noise will be kept to a minimum. We'll try to keep the guard unaware of our presence for as long as we can. Ah, yes, Ann?"

I turn, and see Ann with her hand raised.

Ann "I already know where my team will be searching, but what about the other four?"

Marvin "Excellent question! A team, you will be checking Prattford's personal library. Those in the extra category, Joe and Sam, will be joining you. B team will focus on the primary throne room. C team will check the ground floor bedroom. D team will take the secondary throne room, while E team takes the extension on the castle's right. Those who were deemed roamers should move between groups to provide support to those who need it."

Marvin "Now, I would like to address one last thing before we split into groups. Among each team is a leader. Their word is to be considered the final say for the group as a whole, so I have been very careful in assigning the role. If there are any complaints over the leadership of a group, then please understand that I came to these choices after an extended period of thought."

Marvin "The leaders are as follows. Gene Fox will be in charge of the A-Attack group, while Wendy Dean will handle the support team. Cory Visions will lead the B-Attack team, and Orson Black will run the support side."

Alan "Aw man... I really thought it would be me."

Gina "Which one's Orson?"

Alan points towards the ridiculously colorful man at Polo's table. He seems... creepy.

Alan "Well, at least my group isn't lead by a kid, like Robert's."

Robert "If Marvin chose him, then I'm certain Cory will perform an admirable job as a leader."

I didn't need anyone to point Cory out for me, as there were only two young children in the room. One of them, the boy wearing a baseball cap, seemed quite happy with Marvin's last statement.

Marvin "Benji Frostbyte is the leader of C-Attack, and Steph Blake is the leader of C-Support. D-Attack will be lead by Polasarius Purt, while their partners in D-Support will be lead by Annabelle Pepper."

That's not a surprise. Ann's pretty much the only one among us fit to lead anything. I'm not much of a strategist, and Logan can't lead for shit. Not to say that Ann isn't good, just that it's a million times more noticeable next to us two.

Marvin "Finally, I would like ___________ to lead E-Attack, while I'll take E-Support."

I'm pretty sure that I hear the _______________________ from the corner opposite the stairs mutter something, but I can't discern what it was.

Marvin "Please gather into your groups. We will be leaving soon, so we need everyone to be prepared."

I stand up, and walk towards the table Polo, Wilson, and Logan are at. Let's wrap things up here.
>>
No. 846327 ID: 96d291

Ann, who did you say was leading E-Attack? We got some static on her name... I think it's a jamming power.

Unload and reload your clip dispensers so they don't jam in the middle of a fight. Gina should get some oil so she can blow stuff up, and Logan might need an inhaler (he's not exactly fond of maintaining his vocal cords, a few spritz to increase the power boost).

Other than that, time to murder a king!
>>
No. 852089 ID: e681e3
File 151339642511.png - (304.47KB , 1500x1500 , 89.png )
852089

>>846233


I take a seat next to Logan, who slides to the end of the bench. Now's as good a time as any to ask.

Ann "Logan, what did Wendy come over here for earlier?"

Logan "Oh... She thought that you were a spy."

Ann "Huh?" I could not have heard that right.

Logan "W-Wendy has the ability t-to read minds. She looked in yours and h-heard the v-v-voices."

Oh, right. I almost forgot that this was weird. Yeesh, of course she assumed that I was sending information to someone.

Ann "After this whole Prattford situation is over, we should really look into these voices. Did you clear things up with Wendy?"

Logan nods. Hmm, there's still a chance that she's listening in...

Hi there, Wendy. My name is Ann Pepper. I'm sorry if I worried you with those voices. I can't really explain them, due to my own poor understanding. At the very least, I'll assure you that they're harmless. A bit obnoxious, but far from malicious. Well, okay, a few of them are jerks, but... Just, don't fret over them. If I find out that they're up to something nefarious, then I'll be sure to report it to Polo or Marvin.

While I was finishing that thought, Gina slid into the area on my right.

Gina "Hey, Logan, you should talk to those guys later. Metal man's actually a robot."

Logan's head makes a sharp turn towards the machine. His gaze is filled with curiosity and excitement. I know that Logan wouldn't just start taking that bot apart without permission, but I might start worrying if I was in its shoes.
>>
No. 852090 ID: e681e3
File 151339646863.gif - (183.01KB , 1500x1500 , 90.gif )
852090

>>852089


Red Hair "It's Ann, right?"

Oh! Rude! I've been completely ignoring the other side of the table.

Ann "Y-Yes. My name is Ann Pepper."

Red Hair "Neat-o. I'm Quinn Dreygat. Wilson's told me about you three."

Wilson "Only a bit. She deserved some sort of explanation for why I was training with someone she had never heard of. Towne's a pretty tight knit community."

Quinn "Then that makes you Gina, right?"

Gina "Yup. Nice to meet'cha."

Wait a minute... Polo, Wilson, Quinn...

Ann "Um, isn't your group supposed to have four people? Where's Gwen Valor?"

As if on cue, I hear a voice from behind me.

Gwen "Jeez! I would have been here sooner, but Marina just wouldn't let me leave, so cut me some slack. She worries too much."

I turn around, and see a small girl with thick blonde hair. I've seen her around town, but I didn't know that this was her.

Polo "She only hassles you so much because she cares."

Gwen "Bleh." She sticks her tongue out in disgust. Gwen's presence actually illustrates something I noticed.

Ann "I've been meaning to ask about this, Polo. Why are there kids here? This is a dangerous mission, right? I get that you really need as many people as you can get, but isn't this a bit much."

Wilson "We didn't set an age limit on volunteers. Anyone who could demonstrate useful Energia, or passed a simple test, was allowed to join." That makes sense, I guess...

Wait...

Ann "Then why didn't I need to take that test?"

Polo "Well, you have that gun, right? That would definitely qualify as a useful piece of Energia."

Ann "That's not what my Energia is. The gun's just a tool Logan made for me."

Polo "Oh... Then, what is your Energia?"

I summon my purple book onto the table. The response is immediate.

Quinn "*Whistle*"

Polo "Whoa!" He falls over backwards, spinning his arms in a failed attempt to stay seated.

Gwen "Book! Book Energia! What's it do?"

Ann "Uh... Nothing. That's sort of why I'm carrying the gun."

There's a noticable silence. Gwen picks up my book, and gives it a cursory inspection.

Gwen "That's lame. Your power sucks."

She places the book down, while I recover from the verbal slap to the face. Polo sits back up, chuckling at the whole affair.

Polo "It may not do anything, but you'll definitely be able to give any experienced fighter a heart attack." Hmm... I'm bookmarking that comment for later consideration. It could come in handy.

Ann "What about you? You four were grouped up because you coordinate well, right?" I despawn my book as I talk.

Wilson "The theme for our group is 'electricity'. Everyone here can work with it somehow."

Gwen "Yep!" She takes a hand and waves her hair."My hair's really tough. I can curl up in it, and protect myself from a lot. It also makes for a good weapon."

Protection is good, but I'm not seeing-

Wilson "Her hair can also conduct electricity, without actually shocking her."

Ah.

Ann "What about you?" I direct a question towards Quinn.

In response, Quinn extends her arm towards Gina's mug. The metal handle is pulled towards her hand.

Quinn "I output a weak magnetic field at all times, and I can transfer it onto any non-living object I touch. If the object hosting the field gets electrocuted, it becomes a lot more intense."

Gina "Bitchin'."

Ann "Seems like you and Wilson are well-matched."

Quinn "Oh, absolutely. Our relationship was totally fated since birth." She grabs Wilson's shoulder, and wistfully looks away.

Wilson "Well, we actually met each other because of how well our powers synergize. It was back-" Wilson's tale doesn't go any further than that, as Polo slaps a hand onto his shoulder.

Polo "Wilson, you're like a brother to me, but I will shock you stupid if you start telling that story again."

Wilson "I don't tell it that often."

Logan "You did t-tell it to me after our s-second session."

Polo "Forty-nine! Do I hear fifty!?"

They share a laugh over what was clearly an in-joke between them.

Logan "D-Do we need to p-p-plan at all? What is our st-strategy?"

Gina "We're just covering their backs, right? Do we really need a plan?"

Ann "It wouldn't hurt. Heck, the information we just received means we'll have to be slightly cautious."

Gina "What about it?"

Ann "Logan needs to stay away from Quinn. His exo-skeleton thing's is magnetic, so he-"

Logan "No it isn't."

Ann "...What?"

Logan "The L-16 is mostly p-platinum. Platinum isn't magnetic. Well, some types can be, b-but my suit isn't. I checked it myself."

Ann "Oh."

Gina "Only two stutters and no slips in that whole explanation. Nice job."

Logan "Um... I'm a c-communicator, right? That's what W-W-Wilson said the g-green meant. What all should I tell the other groups?"

Ann "Good question! The obvious answer would be saying whether or not we find Prattford. If the other groups know where he is, then we can gain reinforcements. You can't shout anything we don't want the guards to hear though. Other than that, don't use your power too much. It has a nice surprise distraction factor to it."

He nods his head in understanding.

Marvin "Alright, is everyone prepared? I'm primed to open the gate as soon as possible."

Gina "Gate?"

Polo "Get ready! Marvin's going to forge a link between the entrance to the bar and the inside of the castle. We'll be right in the heat of things."

Logan opens his mouth, but quickly throws a hand over it. He takes a breath, and tries again.

Logan "Should I p-put on the L-16 now?"

Wilson "If power isn't an issue, then go for it. You probably won't have much to do until our teams are separated."

Logan "Oh... Then I'll w-wait until then."

Things are finally moving. I grip my gun tightly, readying myself.
>>
No. 852091 ID: e5fd8b

>>852089
Guys she thinks we're malicious! That means she loves us! We love you too!

Can we visit Wendy? I bet she's got some... ideas! Hahahahaha.
>>
No. 852135 ID: 094652

Aim carefully and analyze enemy positions while the meatshields eat lead.
>>
No. 855833 ID: e681e3
File 151499977558.png - (572.23KB , 1500x1500 , 91.png )
855833

>>852090

>>852091
>Guys she thinks we're malicious! That means she loves us! We love you too!

>Can we visit Wendy? I bet she's got some... ideas! Hahahahaha.


You're not helping.


>>852135
>Aim carefully and analyze enemy positions while the meatshields eat lead.


It's a simple strategy, but a good one. I hope that whoever's in the front isn't taking any hits though. This isn't a game. Even a small wound could have lasting effects if not treated properly.

Marvin "Quinn, Wilson, I believe you can handle clearing the way."

Quinn "Sure thing."

Polo "Our group will be going in first then. Get ready guys!"

Marvin grabs the doorknob. The entrance's frame glows with an orchid aura. After a moment, he pulls open the frame.

Before I could even see past the others, I could hear voices from the other side.

??? "Wh- Huh!?"

??? "I-Intruders!?"

Wilson and Quinn moved in sync. They rushed through the doorway, and launched themselves at someone. I hear the crackles of electricity from the other side.

??? "Gah! H-Hey! Get off!"

Polo and Gwen filed in behind them. Gina gives me a nudge, prompting me to follow.

The room we entered was well lit, which helped us to see the guards. The two close by seemed to be fighting at first, but only at a first glance. It quickly became apparent that they were trying to separate themselves. Quinn's magnetism, I'd presume.

Wilson "Polo! Bring those two over here!"

Polo, who had been riding his cloud towards the further away guards, gave Wilson a sign of acknowledgement. He swerved past the two, and got a hold of them. Before they could try to break free, Polo dragged them towards the struggling pair. They were quickly assimilated into the magnetic heap.

Guard A "Travin! Get that spear out of my face!"

Guard B "I can't! My friggin gauntlets are glued to Gennrey's!"

Guard C "Guys? I can't see where anyone is!"

Quinn "Wilson, think you could quiet 'em down?"

Wilson approached one of them, and laid his hand on their back. The electric discharge was audible. The pile was silenced, and collapsed to the floor.

Polo "Entrance is clear! Move in!"

We followed Quinn to the stairs. Quickly, the rest of our group assembled in front of the windy staircase.

Polo "Prattford's secondary throne room is on the third floor. That's one up from here. Gina and Gwen, I want you two in front. Logan, stay in the middle, and try to keep quiet for now. Ann, watch our rear. Understood?"

Gina "I'm with hairy. Got it."

Gwen "H-Hairy!?"

Logan "O-Okay."

Ann "Understood!"

Polo "Then let's move!"
>>
No. 855864 ID: e5fd8b

>>855833
I thought you'd be able to laugh at the levity.

Alright we're now on a time limit. If the guards didn't trip some alert already, they will when they miss the inevitable check-in. Or more likely until some group of guards engaged by another team does manage to sound a general alarm.

Figure you have anywhere from a minute to five minutes before the enemy forces mobilize against you properly, in force.
>>
No. 855921 ID: 094652

Since stealth is fleeting, try Brutalize takedowns - be generally sadistic and high-profile, causing nearby enemies to flee in terror.

Except you're taking a non-lethal route, so just stuff dildos in their crotches and creep the enemy forces out.
>>
No. 856029 ID: e5fd8b

>>855921
Nooooo. Not brutality. Speed.

Push through, don't get bogged down by weird ideas like sexually assaulting (wtf?) the enemy, and be on your toes. Since you're the rearguard it's your job to watch for anyone who might be following after discovering the downed guards.
>>
No. 857655 ID: e681e3
File 151562398249.png - (568.19KB , 1500x1500 , 92.png )
857655

>>855833

>>855864
>Alright we're now on a time limit. If the guards didn't trip some alert already, they will when they miss the inevitable check-in. Or more likely until some group of guards engaged by another team does manage to sound a general alarm.

>Figure you have anywhere from a minute to five minutes before the enemy forces mobilize against you properly, in force.


That won't be an issue. This castle is pretty low tech, so there's no alarm system. Even if everyone is alerted somehow, they would need to fracture their troops. The guards don't know how many groups there are, what powers are among them, or even what our objectives are. We've got Prattford's army at a substantial disadvantage.


>>855921
>Since stealth is fleeting, try Brutalize takedowns - be generally sadistic and high-profile, causing nearby enemies to flee in terror.

>Except you're taking a non-lethal route, so just stuff dildos in their crotches and creep the enemy forces out.


That's too impractical. Not only are we lacking in dildos, but most of these guards are armored. We'd have to disrobe them, which would take far too long.

Also, that's really stupid.

By the time I reach the top of the staircase, Gina and Gwen are already aggressing the guards. Everyone else stands back and watches.

Guard "H-Halt! Don't come any-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence, as Gwen rolled into him. Like, she curled into a ball while running, increased her momentum somehow, and plowed into him with her hair-wrapped body. Pondering the physics of this display would bring about a headache I dare not invite.

The other guard soon crashes into the wall. His armor still gleamed of Gina's flames.

Gwen "That was super easy! These guards are a joke."

Gina "Probably doesn't help that we're as awesome as we are."

We leave out the doorway they'd been guarding, careful to maintain our formation. Unlike the previous rooms, there were no lanterns in this hallway. The only thing lighting up this hallway was the light from the windows. I inspect my firearm, checking the order of my bullets one extra time. There's no such thing as being too cautious.

Polo "Ann! Behind you!"

...Unless you're supposed to be watching your teams flank!

I whip my head around, staring down the path behind us. Two guards, suspiciously lacking the standard plate mail, had begun to act. They're each holding spheres of... some type of energy. No time to waste! I don't know if those are long ranged or close ranged attacks. I hastily point my revolver towards the grey-haired man. Carefully... Proper stance, two hands...

The bullets in my chamber run through my head. Blunt, blunt, electric, electric, gust, and sleep. They weren't wearing armor, so electric wasn't my best option. Gust and sleep wouldn't prevent them from attacking. With this in mind, I fired my first blunt shot towards the grey-haired man. I had grown partially accustomed to the recoil; but the sound was unbearable. Likely, it's because I'm not wearing my earplugs. I'll put them on when we reach our destination, but I need to be able to hear for now.

The red sphere, on its journey to the guard, grew to the size of a standard baseball. It collided with the man's arm, dispersing the energy he had gathered. I had been aiming for his head, hoping to knock him out in a single shot; but my lack of experience botched that plan.

With one threat delayed, I quickly fire a second blunt shot towards the... towards the... Clown?

Reality never ceases to stupefy me.

While I had intended to strike his red and blue nose, this shot was far less accurate than my previous. Similarly to my previous shot, this one landed below the target. Much... much further below.

I wasn't sure whether to wince or laugh, as my baseball sized shot landed squarely in the clown's family jewels. The static-releasing green orb he'd been charging disappeared, as he dropped to his knees in pain. If I keep missing shots like that, then it'll be smooth sailing-

Ann "-EEK!" Grey hair's pissed off! He barrels towards me, gathering a smaller blue sphere in his left hand. Panicking, I fire the next two shots in my chamber at him. Two electrical plugs fly through the air. One collides with his hand, and the other with his vest. The effect was immediate, as he began convulsing in pain. He collapses after a few seconds. The sphere he'd crafted disappears

...Alright, so maybe it won't be completely smooth sailing; but we'll probably be fine.

Polo "Nice work!"

Polo's words startle me, almost making me fire another shot. I didn't realize he was there. The rest of the group had kept moving, so I assumed he'd have done the same. He was probably worried about me. That's sweet of him.

...Aw, dang it! He definitely heard my pathetic shriek just a second ago.

Polo "Come on! Let's catch up with the others."

Without skipping a beat, Polo scoops me onto Puff. He takes off down the corridor, flying over a few noticeably scorched guards. We make a few turns, before we reach the rest. None of them seem injured so far. Good sign!

Wilson "Everything clear back there?"

Ann "Definitely. I don't think we'll see them again." Technically, the clown could return, seeing as he was still conscious. I doubt he will. I'm pretty sure a baseball to the gonads would put most men out for days.

Gina "Hey, this is it, right?"

Gina motioned towards the door at the end of the aisle. There were two more incapacitated guards beside it. She works fast.

Quinn "Looks like it. This is where we'll be splitting up."

I slide off of Polo's cloud. This is the entrance to the secondary throne room. Gina, Logan, and I will be staying out here; while Polo, Gwen, Quinn, and Wilson go in to fight whoever's inside. If it's not Prattford, then there will be a trap of some sort. Whether it's a guard, or a mechanism, they'll have to be prepared for the worst.

Polo "If we need you in there, we'll shout for you. Alright?"

Ann "Understood!"

Polo "Good. If we take longer than half-an-hour, then check in on us. We may have walked in on something over our heads."

Gina "If that happens, we'll be here to pick up the slack."

Gwen "Not like that'll ever happen, pyromaniac!"

Logan "B-B-B-Be c-careful."

Wilson "Same to you guys."

Wilson opens the door, and the four of them walk in. It shuts behind them, and we are left to wait. What happens in there is in their hands.
>>
No. 857694 ID: 2a13fa

>>857655
Ann, remember you've now only got a single shot in your chamber, and it's a sleep. Be more careful with your ammunition, it's limited.
>>
No. 857732 ID: 69d4b9

>>857655
Low tech doesn't mean no tech. Bells, flares, signal lamps, whistles, drums, and other systems can sound a general alarm without anything particularly complicated.

When they start to mobilize they'll do two things: draw in defenders around high value targets in the castle, and mobilize their reserves from the barracks. If they have a significant amount of manpower in the city streets on patrol, that'll get drawn back to the castle to prevent the attackers (you) from escaping.
>>
No. 857735 ID: 9876c4

>That's too impractical. Not only are we lacking in dildos,
Ann is fucking savage, sometimes.
>>
No. 857779 ID: b25abb

>Too easy
Remind Gina that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

>Technically, the clown could return, seeing as he was still conscious. I doubt he will.
You can't keep down the clown!
>>
No. 859174 ID: e681e3
File 151623174191.png - (264.27KB , 1500x1500 , 93.png )
859174

>>857655

>>857694
>Ann, remember you've now only got a single shot in your chamber, and it's a sleep. Be more careful with your ammunition, it's limited.


No, that's not right. I have two bullets in my chamber: one sleep shot and one gust shot. Now that we have a bit of down time though, I'll reload.

Let's see... We've started seeing unarmored guards on this floor, so blunt shots would be more effective. Although, that last guard went down pretty quickly to the shock shots. I'm with Logan and Gina, so I should factor that in...

Alright, this is what I'm going with:
-Oil
-Oil
-Fire
-Blunt
-Blunt
-Gust

Oil will pair up better with Gina, but the fire shot lets me use them for myself. Blunts are just generally useful, and I have a few ideas for the gust shot.

Alright! I'm all loaded up.

Ann "I'm going to stand at the end of the hall. If I see anyone coming, I'll give you guys a signal."

Gina "Fine."

Logan gives me a non-verbal sign of agreement, before returning to his exo-suit. I stand, and make my way down the corridor. A quick peek past the corner eases my worry. The hall was empty, save the unconscious guards previously taken care of.

And then... Nothing.

Sure, every once in a while, a few guards would come by; but none of them took longer than a minute to knock out. That was to be expected. The army was scattered, and the morale among them was low. Fighting beside fallen comerades certainly doesn't raise your spirits. All it took was a strong opening, and the battles ended quickly.

Let's see... It's been about ten minutes since Polo and the others went in. If they're still there after twenty more minutes, we're supposed to help them wrap things up.

This is the worst part of the plan. The uncertainty of not knowing everyone's status is agonizing. Until we see everyone, we can't assume anything. Maybe Gwen activated a booby trap, and they simply can't leave the room until we open the door. Maybe their battle against Prattford is progressing smoothly, and they'll be out of there soon.

Maybe they were wiped out within a minute of entering. Maybe they'll be long gone by the time we look inside...

Ugh, no! I've gotta believe in them. In everyone! Whoever found Prattford is kicking his butt. Everyone else is fine. Until I see proof of contrary, this is what I've gotta believe.

...

Hey, are you there? The Voices that have been following us from the start.

You're watching us right now, aren't you? That's just something I've come to accept, even if I really should question it more.

I believe you mean well. Even if you often venture into more absurd or off-topic ideas at times. So... could you do me a favor?

I know that you can see me, and you can probably see Logan and Gina also. Or... Maybe not all of us at once. What I want to know is: can you see anyone else?

Would it be possible for you to view Polo, Marvin, or any of the other groups? Or, if you could only choose one person, could you see Prattford? It would be invaluable for us if you could.

Please use your abilities to support our endeavors!
>>
No. 859180 ID: 9876c4

The nice way I can put it is- we can't see others, because they wouldn't accept our advice.
Most people in your world are set on a single course, and will succeed or fail irrespective of our help.

You three have an overarching goal, but aren't sure how to achieve it. That's what we're there for.

Even if Prattford had his own voices, we wouldn't know about them.
>>
No. 861042 ID: 9876c4

But we could try. maybe?

Man, I wonder what Prattford's up to.
>>
No. 864327 ID: e681e3
File 151769704844.png - (6.61KB , 1500x1500 , 94-0.png )
864327

>>859174

>>859180
>The nice way I can put it is- we can't see others, because they wouldn't accept our advice.
Most people in your world are set on a single course, and will succeed or fail irrespective of our help.

>You three have an overarching goal, but aren't sure how to achieve it. That's what we're there for.

>Even if Prattford had his own voices, we wouldn't know about them.

>>861042
>But we could try. maybe?

>Man, I wonder what Prattford's up to.


SPECTATION OF NON-PLAYER CHARACTERS IS PERMITTED, IN ACCORDANCE WITH SPECTATOR GUIDELINES #4, AND #5:

#4: "IF PERMISSION IS GRANTED FROM THE ANCHORED PLAYER, SPECTATORS MAY OBSERVE NON-PLAYER CHARACTERS."

#5: "ONLY ALLIES MAY BE SPECTATED. SPECTATORS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO ANCHOR THEMSELVES TO ENEMIES OF THE PLAYERS."

GREGORY PRATTFORD IS NOT AVAILABLE, FOLLOWING SPECTATOR GUIDELINE #4. OTHER PARTIES PRESENT MAY BE ELIGIBLE

SEARCHING FOR AVAILABLE SIGNALS...

...

SIX FEEDS DETECTED.

DISPLAYING RESULTS...
>>
No. 864328 ID: e681e3
File 151769708581.png - (631.43KB , 1500x1500 , 94-A.png )
864328

>>864327

Gearemy "Ooh! Too slow!"

Polo "Shoot! This guy's hard to get a hold of."

Gearemy hops onto another road, altering his gravity in mid-air.

Quinn "Where is he now!?"

Wilson "Near the center of the room! Let's surround him!"

Gwen "I feel sick, and this ugly room is hurting my eyes..."

Wilson "Take a breather, Gwen. You're doing great."

Gearemy "Are you even trying?"

Polo "Wilson, take the front."

Wilson leaps towards the vertical track, and shifts to match its orientation. With an electric flash, he bolts towards the hard to catch man. Gearemy chuckles, as he flips over to the other side of the road.

Polo "Gotcha!"

Polo soars towards the slippery man. His hands reach out to grab him.

Gearemy stomps his foot down, altering the gravity of the room. He and Wilson both begin to fall towards the "ground". Polo desparately clutches his cloud, desparately trying not to fall.

Gearemy "Annnnnnnnd-"

With a click of his heels, everyone is attracted to the closest light bridge. Gearemy uses the sudden change to escape from Polo's sight.

Polo "D-Damnit!"

Wilson "Does anyone have sight on him?"

Quinn "I saw something move below the bridge Gwen's on."

Gwen "*Groan*"
>>
No. 864329 ID: e681e3
File 151769713994.png - (285.58KB , 1500x1500 , 94-B.png )
864329

>>864328


The man laughed, as Bandi picked up the cards that Benji had previously been holding.

JD "Oooooh, so now you wanna play, Jughead?"

Bandi "..."

Freddy "Bandi, don't! We'll find some other way to fix him. If you lose too... I-I don't want to lose anyone else."

Bandi "...I'm going to bring back Benji."

Freddy "Bu-"

Bandi "Don't worry. I know how this game works, and I'm sure that I can win."

JD "Big words coming from someone who's never played before."

Bandi "Just gotta keep my life above zero."

JD "You've got it. First to zero loses. If you win, I'll give you back your friend; but if I win, you'll be following in your friend's lead."

Bandi "What about your original offer?"

JD "Got anything else to wager? I'll up the stakes if you do."

Bandi "What do you want?"

JD "What do you have?"

Bandi "How about..." He reaches into his bag, and pulls something out.

Bandi "...A cake?"

JD "Sounds sweet, but not quite an equal exchange. Your friend was willing to wager his soul on our match. I expect something of equivalent value. Perhaps..."

JD "Your soul?"

Jannet "M-Me?"

JD "If you each wager your souls, then the original offer stands. I'll have Gearemy, Meen, Lejers, and any other room guardians your group may have run into surrender. There'll be no one but basic guards between you guys and Prattford."

Bandi "And you'll return Benji's soul?"

JD "Of course. How about it? We got a deal?"

Jannet "..."

Freddy "..."

Bandi "Jannet. I'm going to win. So, could you entrust your soul to me for a bit?"

Jannet "...Alright. Just... please bring him back soon."

Bandi "Thank you. Alright then! I accept your terms. Let's play."
>>
No. 864330 ID: e681e3
File 151769716881.png - (14.80KB , 1500x1500 , 94-C.png )
864330

>>864329


Ȩ̨͈͈͔͚̭̻͕͓̑̌̂̽r̦̮̙̬̮̲̙̦̔͒ŗ͈͉͎͓̆͋͘o̸̸̞͉̜̭̻̮̔͐̑ͧ̆̔ͮ̅͟ȑ̷ͯ͏̬͕!̵͖̘͚̗̖͈͍̹͂͌ͨ̃ͮ͢
̡̻̞̩̘̊̀̌̔ͯ̒ͭ̚͟ͅ
̨͎̬̼̠̞͖̅͞E̴̝͉͔̹͚̠͋̅͐̾͗͞r̷̻̘͍̉ͣ̉̽̀̂̿ͫ͞r̸̯̘̼̣̭ͦͥ̽̆͘͝o̜̥̰̰͚̦̯̝̎́̍̀r̪̊̾̅͗̎͑͘!̸̢̬̣̟̝̤͖̩ͫ͛ͨ́͗̀̉
̴̠͖̰̦̗ͦ̐ͧ̇
̲̜̂̉̅͊͠Ế̫͕̩̤r̸̫̗͎ͩ̓̔ͥ̕r̯̤̬̻̟͓̦̤͊̈́̓ǒ̵͚͕͎̱̺̳͉̫ͭ̉̓͑͝ͅr̫͖̰̜͇̹͗̅͟͞͡!͇̲̻̪͇̩̦͓͆͑̅͗̑̈̌̀̕
̶͇̣̅ͪ̂͗̑̂̈̾͜
̡̘̹̱̹ͥ̂̀̚
>>
No. 864331 ID: e681e3
File 151769720346.png - (325.29KB , 1500x1500 , 94-D.png )
864331

>>864330


Wendy "No!"

Janny "Huh? What's wrong Wends?"

Wendy "I can't find anyone on B-Team! Cory, Orson, Alan... They've all gone silent! Attack and Support"

Kaiji "Do you think they ran into that jerkass prince?"

Wendy "...I think so. I haven't heard anything about Prattford from anyone else."

Kaiji "Shit!"

Wendy "D-Team should be down the hall on the left. Grab their support group. We need to get everybody we can down to the throne room on the second floor."

Janny "Yes mam!"

Kaiji "Got it!"
>>
No. 864333 ID: e681e3
File 151769725774.png - (356.08KB , 1500x1500 , 94-E.png )
864333

>>864331


Joel "Haah... Haaaannng... Duck!" Joel shouts, as he tries to scratch himself through the fabric of his mittens.

Steph "Yipe!" With quick reflexes, Stephanie quickly ducks under the arc of the axe.

Alice "Kizutsukenaide kudasai." Alice offers Joel comfort, casually knocking away a nearby guard.

Joel "Hnnnng! Ah... No no no... On your right!"

Steph "Woah!" After dodging another swing, Steph falls to the floor.

Joel "A-Alice! Kare o tomete!"

Alice "Hai!" Leaping quickly from Joel's side, she tackles the axe wielding man to the ground. His weapon is dropped in the exchange.

Guard "Gah! Get off of me!"

Steph takes over Alice's role, rushing to Joel's left.

Steph "Deep breaths. Don't take off your mittens. We're all fine. Just breathe."

Joel "Guh... I... It's... Huff-huff... They st-stopped."

Alice "Oyasumi!" She finishes the guard off with a well placed blow to the head. He stops struggling, with the only movements he produces coming from his breaths. Alice confirms that he's only unconcious, and then walks to her friends.

Joel slowly rises from the ground. Eventually, his breathing returns to a normal rate.

Steph "I don't hear any more guards coming right now. We should get a few minutes of levity."

Joel "That's nice."

Steph "...You sure you're gonna be okay?"

Joel "I'm f-fine! The visions stopped, a-and you said that there won't be any more guards for a whi-"

Steph "I don't buy it! Alice! Make Joel happy!"

Alice "Hai! Fuwafuwa no keimusho!"

Joel "Alice! N-" Joel's protests were cut short, as he was forced into a bear hug by his animal companion.

Steph "Don't worry. I'll let you guys know if anyone comes near."

Joel "Th-That's what you said last time!"

Steph "That doesn't count! He totally had some sort of silent movement energia. Plus, we totally beat him!"

Joel "He would have chopped off your head if I hadn't started screaming!"

Steph "Would have gotten this helmet off at least."

Joel "You would have died!"

Steph "But I didn't! Stop worrying so much about the det-"

Alice "Tatakau na." Alice, still tucking Joel into her chest with her right arm, grabs Steph with her left.

Steph "Ah! Hey!" Alice's grip tightens around the two, forcing them into an involuntary group hug.

Joel "Y-You can't use hugs to end all arguments..."

Steph "...I'm pretty sure she's proving you wrong, Joel."
>>
No. 864335 ID: e681e3
File 151769729747.png - (277.87KB , 1500x1500 , 94-F.png )
864335

>>864333


Holland "...Huh."

Gene "Speak up, will you?"

Holland "Oh! I didn't say anything. I'm just... I really didn't expect this guy to go down so easily. Sort of anticlimactic."

Gene "It's a blessing, truly. Now, if we find escaping this room to be just as simple..."

Vincent "There are way too many books here."

Holland "We let Sam and Joe leave too early. It would have been nice to have a few extra hands to search through these shelves."

Gene "Bah! Don't saddle our problems onto the shoulders of children. We are perfectly capable of finding a way out on our own."

Holland "Fair enough... Alright, let's start searching."

Vincent "Finally!"
>>
No. 864421 ID: 9876c4

Someone else want to drive?

I'm not sure how to use all this new knowledge.
>>
No. 864462 ID: aae99a

Well, Polo’s gang I think could use us in terms of another set of eyes to find gravity boy, but I say we should stick with the soul-gambling ring down there and make sure this kid knows what he’s doing before he gambles an entire team to death and starts catching others.
>>
No. 865399 ID: e681e3
File 151797874357.png - (198.60KB , 1500x1500 , 95.png )
865399

>>864327

>>864462
>Well, Polo’s gang I think could use us in terms of another set of eyes to find gravity boy, but I say we should stick with the soul-gambling ring down there and make sure this kid knows what he’s doing before he gambles an entire team to death and starts catching others.


..Wut?

Who? Where? Did you find Prattford? What the hell am I supposed to do with that!?

I'm sure that everything you just said makes sense to every single voice, but I'm totally lost. Does someone else need backup? Are Polo and the others holding up well? Where is Prattford?

...I hear footsteps coming from down the hall. If I could get an answer before this next fight, I would appreciate it.
>>
No. 865502 ID: a38ab0

My mistake, here’s the sit-rep:
C-attack ran into this card game guy who can take the souls of whoever loses to him, among other things via some sort of ‘sanctioned-deal’ energia power, they’re already Down Benji with Bandi risking himself and Janet for this round. Also, this power is also blocking Wendy’s ability to check up in them, that we can bypass that is important I bet. We Cannot see E-Attack at all due to the blank on that squad though.
D-attack is tied up dealing with a guy who can manipulate gravity, they can’t catch him easily, but unless Gina can outright fly I’d say you guys shouldn’t go there. Though Logan might work. C-support is holding position and is fine.
IDK what’s up with B-Support though, and Wendy is about to order you guys to the throne room for that push, and has sent Janny to collect you-
CHECK TO MAKE SURE THAT ISN’T JANNY!
>>
No. 865554 ID: fc93e4

So from what I can gather:

D-Attack is having trouble with light roads,

Joe and Sam time-warped home, good for them,

C-Attack's either playing a shadow game, or the person they're playing against is using the seal of orichalcos,

But the thing we should focus on is that A-Support can't see B-Team. This wouldn't be so bad, however there's another problem. Neither can we. So pratford or somebody/thing there is aware of us, and are trying to cut us off from helping.


So everything's just Vamola (perfect).

And yes, that was sarcasm.
>>
No. 865637 ID: 3e59db

So I just thought of something, but it's more something relating to us voices, so i shall talk in a way only us voices can hear.

So this is a game, with programming,
right? Well, why not try to hack it? Now,
considering that there is way more to this game (if we can even call it that, seeing as how it's more of a window into another world), many changes could lead to the "game" catching on as well. Therefore, I say if we are able to hack the game, we should see if we can make the Three characters we can communicate with slightly more durable. Not so little it wouldn't make a difference, but not to large that the "game" will catch on.

>>
No. 865645 ID: 9876c4

>>865554
Worse, B team could be severely indisposed.
Or, uh, no longer of this mortal plane.

But that's speculative. What we do know is they're not accomplishing their objective. So that means there's opposition, and/or jamming around the Throne Room.
>>
No. 869848 ID: e681e3
File 151949754440.png - (261.14KB , 1500x1500 , 96.png )
869848

>>865399

>>865502
>My mistake, here’s the sit-rep:
>C-attack ran into this card game guy who can take the souls of whoever loses to him, among other things via some sort of ‘sanctioned-deal’ energia power, they’re already Down Benji with Bandi risking himself and Janet for this round. Also, this power is also blocking Wendy’s ability to check up in them, that we can bypass that is important I bet. We Cannot see E-Attack at all due to the blank on that squad though.
>D-attack is tied up dealing with a guy who can manipulate gravity, they can’t catch him easily, but unless Gina can outright fly I’d say you guys shouldn’t go there. Though Logan might work. C-support is holding position and is fine.
>IDK what’s up with B-Support though, and Wendy is about to order you guys to the throne room for that push, and has sent Janny to collect you-
>CHECK TO MAKE SURE THAT ISN’T JANNY!

>>865554
>So from what I can gather:

>D-Attack is having trouble with light roads,

>Joe and Sam time-warped home, good for them,

>C-Attack's either playing a shadow game, or the person they're playing against is using the seal of orichalcos,

>But the thing we should focus on is that A-Support can't see B-Team. This wouldn't be so bad, however there's another problem. Neither can we. So pratford or somebody/thing there is aware of us, and are trying to cut us off from helping.


>So everything's just Vamola (perfect).

>And yes, that was sarcasm.

>>865645
>Worse, B team could be severely indisposed.
>Or, uh, no longer of this mortal plane.

>But that's speculative. What we do know is they're not accomplishing their objective. So that means there's opposition, and/or jamming around the Throne Room.


I peek my head around the corner. Sure enough, the figure running towards me is one I recognize from the tavern. I quickly reveal myself to her.

Ann "Janny, right?"

Janny "H-Huh? How'd you know?"

Ann "I'll explain later. Logan! Gina! Get over here!"

At the sound of my shouts, the two come running.

Gina "What's up?"

Ann "Wendy lost connection with B-Team. We're going with A-Support to check up on them."

Logan "W-What about W-W-Wilson and the others?"

Ann "They're fine. They may be having a bit of trouble, but they definitely didn't run into Prattford or anything."

Gina "What about the guards?"

I take a look at the previously defeated guards scattered across the ground. About twelve armored men, defeated my three barely trained young adults with the element of surprise.

Ann "I think they'll be fine."

Gina "Fair enough."

With no more complaints, we begin jogging down the hallway. We catch up to Wendy and (through process of elimination) Kaiji rather soon.

Kaiji and Gina lead the way, as we make for the stairs.

Wendy "...Pardon me, Pepper?"

Ann "What's up?"

Wendy "I'd hate to seem rude, but I couldn't help but hear your conversation with Mrs. Fee."

Ann "Ah, I know what you're talking about. You want to know how I knew what was happening before she explained it."

Wendy "No. I presume that to be the work of those voices Faust went on about. I simply wanted to ask if your father's name was Quincy."

Ann "Oh! You know my dad?"

Wendy "He helped me with a civil case a few years ago. I only made the connection when I realized you sound exactly like him."

Ann "Wh- I do not!"

Wendy "Exactly like him. You even have the same orange hair. I should have known from the moment I saw you."

Ann "...Okay, you've got me there."

Before we could continue, a crash rang out from the bottom of the staircase. Fearing for Gina, I sped up my pace.
>>
No. 870776 ID: fc93e4

Alright, you're gonna want to run in shouting a battle cry, it'll distract the enemy, if gina's having a hard time.

I'd suggest shouting Vamola, which does not mean perfect as i thought it did, it means "Let's Go."

Also, something to note, while to you it may seem our last interactions were a couple seconds ago, to us it was about 3 weeks, because wonky time stuffs.
>>
No. 872802 ID: d2aae1
File 152071523293.png - (270.36KB , 1500x1500 , 97.png )
872802

>>869848

>>870776
>Alright, you're gonna want to run in shouting a battle cry, it'll distract the enemy, if gina's having a hard time.

>I'd suggest shouting Vamola, which does not mean perfect as i thought it did, it means "Let's Go."

>Also, something to note, while to you it may seem our last interactions were a couple seconds ago, to us it was about 3 weeks, because wonky time stuffs.


Ann "Vamola! What was that!?"

I find Gina at the bottom of the staircase. She's holding fire in each hand, in a defensive pose.

Gina "Watch out! This guy has ranged shit or something."

At the other end of the hallway, I see the likely target of Gina's words.
>>
No. 872803 ID: d2aae1
File 152071526728.png - (282.18KB , 1500x1500 , 98.png )
872803

>>872802


Sunglasses "Yo. What's going on?"

Gina "We're a bit busy right now. Mind knocking yourself out? It'll save us a good two minutes."

Sunglasses "No can do, hot-hands. The prince may be a total hoser, but I can't let you reach him."

I analyze the situation. Gina isn't great with longer ranges, as she has to extend her fire out further. Considering our group, unless Janny has an emission based Energia, the one best suited for this situation is myself.

I didn't load well for a fight at this range... My only real option is blunt.

I take aim, and quickly let out a shot. He doesn't even flinch.

My shot is suddenly halted, right in front of its target. It takes me a moment to realize that another guard is holding it in his hand.

Did he... catch it?

Tanktop "Hmm... It's just force. Send her my way, Tengan."

Sunglasses "Nah, you suck with range. You get the neon undead and potentially dead... That dude's seriously lacking in muscle if one punch knocked him out cold."

It takes me a moment to realize that they were talking about Kaiji, who was lying on the ground away from us.

Tanktop "...Fine, but I'll kill you if this kid ends up having poison fists or something."

Sunglasses "Hoshi, long range and shortie are yours."

I can't let them break our position. If I fire an oil shot towards them, Gina may be abl-

Wendy "Logan! Duck!"

Huh?

Logan flinched at the shout, but failed to follow the command in time. From where I was standing, I saw only a black void spawn behind him.

Ann "Wh-What the?"

Wendy "Ann! Ge-"

Suddenly, right behind me, a similar void appeared. From within it, a purple mass shot into my back, launching me away from the staircase. I landed on my face, a few meters away.

Gina "That's it! Come here!"

I reorient myself. I'm right in front of the banners, just a few meters from the staircase. Gina is charging down the center of the room, towards my presumed assailant. In front of him, the black void from moments ago appears. From my position, I see him throw a punch. A massive ethereal fist escapes from the portal in front of Gina, slamming her into the wall at the back of the room.

Ann "Gina!"

??? "Hold on a moment!"

Across from me was a green man, with a tail the size of his body.

Tailman "While it is noble to feel concern for your friend, I shall not allow you to intrude upon Tengan's duel. Interfering with another warrior's fight is dishonorable! Even if he failed to properly declare his intentions for battle. I intend to set a better example. My name is Ryuu Hoshi, and I challenge you to a duel!"

Ann "...What?"
>>
No. 873750 ID: d2aae1
File 152113523719.png - (288.52KB , 1500x1500 , 99.png )
873750

>>872803


Ryuu "I shall repeat myself. I challenge you to a duel. Will you accept my offer, or surrender yourself to the Queen."

This guy is... strict.

Janny "Oof!"

The smaller woman lands by my side, failing to stick the landing

Ann "Uh... Well, there are two of us, so we can't really have a duel. Too many people, you know?"

Ryuu "Nonsense. She can simply stand by and wait, while we engage in combat."

Ann "...*sigh* Sorry. You seem nice, but I don't have time for this."

I quickly aim a shot for his chest, and fire.

Suddenly, he wasn't there. In the blink of an eye, he had weaved past my shot and closed the distance between us.

Ryuu "How dishonorable!"

My revolver was whipped out of my hands by his tail.

Ann "Hey!"

Ryuu "A real warrior needs no weapon!"

Before I could react, he slammed a fist into my gut. I flew backwards, before crashing into the stone floor. Pain quickly registered through my back.

Janny "Ann!"

Ryuu "Will you concede this match, or stand and continue to fight?"

Ann "..G-G-Give me *pant* a minute *pant*."
>>
No. 873752 ID: 9876c4

No gun. no chance in CQC.

Well, you know his name, so try writing it in your book, along with stuff like "is 6 inches tall" or "is sent to a glacier several miles away". Get creative. because you're hosed without.
>>
No. 873855 ID: 9876c4

Or hey, here's an idea.

Write his name in the book, then banish it.
>>
No. 874011 ID: ffa7ee

Well, considering how you would probably be curb stomped if you took him on, just run from him, maybe he'll tire himself out.

Or you will first, so just try doing an Indy Ploy and improvise.

Aight, so the answer to my query about "hacking" hasn't been acknowledged, so if we would be able to "hack", I'd like to try lowering Ryuu's Strength Stat or what ever could be equivalent to that. If we can't hack, then ignore this, pretend this part of my post doesn't exist.
>>
No. 874914 ID: d2aae1
File 152174623954.gif - (438.27KB , 1200x1200 , 100.gif )
874914

>>873750

>>873855
>Or hey, here's an idea.

>Write his name in the book, then banish it.


That... That's brilliant!

I mean, it won't do anything, but he doesn't know that.

If I take out my book like I did at the tavern, I can bluff my way out of this fight.

Materializing the book, I quickly bring its companion pen to a random page. He said his name was Ry-

BAM!

Ryuu "I will not tolerate any form of dishonorable tool in this duel! Challenge me head on, or accept defeat!"

..oww... I forgot he was that fast.
>>
No. 875120 ID: 3e59db

Well I've got one good idea left. Tell him that he's being more dishonorable than you are, considering he's beating up on an opponent much weaker than him, not able to fight back.

If that doesn't work, yer screwed. Sorry.
>>
No. 875126 ID: 830fb7

>>875120
and if that doesn't work start throwing books at him.
>>
No. 875127 ID: ffa7ee

I forgot to put my username in my previous post.

Oh, since you guys are probably gonna fight, I'll just do this. *clears Throat*


HEAVEN OR HELL! DUEL 1! LET'S ROCK!!


Anyways, 3 bucks on Ryuu.
>>
No. 875147 ID: 9876c4

Kick him in the jimmy?
>>
No. 875216 ID: 69d4b9

When in doubt, resort to absurdism to buy time. Demand that he prove he's not hiding any illicit tools in his pants, since he's putting restrictions on what sorts of tools are acceptable for this fight.

While you dicker with him about that, you'll be buying time for your allies to wrap up and dishonorably help you gang up on this twit.
>>
No. 875245 ID: 75f586

How good ARE you in close combat?
Like you’ve got the book and gun but do you know how to box?
Given this guy’s sense of honor, you might be able to take him-I could see him purposefully not using his tail if you meet him in honorable combat as he desires.
Not a GREAT idea but I can’t think of a good trick we can use to buy us more than a few seconds of waiting time.
>>
No. 876960 ID: d2aae1
File 152278049008.png - (168.75KB , 1500x1500 , 101.png )
876960

>>874914

>>875245
>How good ARE you in close combat?
>Like you’ve got the book and gun but do you know how to box?
>Given this guy’s sense of honor, you might be able to take him-I could see him purposefully not using his tail if you meet him in honorable combat as he desires.

I have absolutely no skill in close quarters combat. At all. I have no hope beating this guy in a fist fight.

>>875120
>Well I've got one good idea left. Tell him that he's being more dishonorable than you are, considering he's beating up on an opponent much weaker than him, not able to fight back.

>If that doesn't work, yer screwed. Sorry.


Hmmm... If I changed my argument slightly... That could work.

Plan C! Skip the props, and go straight into the bluff.

Slowly rising, I quickly hash out some words in my head. Ryuu keeps his eyes locked on me, watching my hands for any other tools I might take out. He doesn't approach, giving me the time I need to organize my thoughts.

Ann "F-For all your talk about honor, you've broken so many different rules in this duel."

Ryuu "Wh-What!? Just what are you talking about."

He took the bait. Alright, let's sell this!

Ann "You challenged me, but you attacked first. It's customary to offer the challenged party the first strike."

Ryuu "R-Really? It is? But you shot at me with a firearm!"

Ann "You didn't set the boundaries for the duel, such as the allowance of weapons or Energia. All's fair unless otherwise stated."

Ryuu "P-Preposterous! I have taken part in numerous duels, and have read the official guidebook on the topic. None of these supposed rules you've mentioned were written even once!"

Ann "Oh, well... Y-You wouldn't find those rules in one of your rule books. They're human rules."

Ryuu "Ah ha! We're not on the first Tier. The rules you've just stated hold no merit here!"

Ann "Well..." You're losing him, Ann! Say something!

Ann "Tell me, how old are you?"

Ryuu "How old am I? Would you prefer the answer in 'years'?"

Ann "If you can."

Ryuu "I am currently 26.32 years of age."

Ann "Well, I'm only sixteen. N-Normally, unless otherwise agreed upon, duels follow the rules of the younger party's homeland. Aren't you familiar with Earth's rules?"

Ryuu "I-I have not..."

He's cracking. Finish him!

Ryuu "W-W-Wait! If the age rule is one of your Tier 1 rules-"

Ann "Sorry, but it isn't. The "Youth Advantage" is one of Towne's official guidelines for duels. This castle lies on Towne soil, and has not been certified as an embassy for any other Tier. Therefore, you've broken the rules of the city we're in!"

Ryuu "AaaaaaAAAHHH!!!"

His defeated scream is like music to my ears. Looks like the bluff worked.
>>
No. 876961 ID: d2aae1
File 152278056423.png - (196.63KB , 1500x1500 , 102.png )
876961

>>876960

Ryuu "Tengan! I've made a horrible mistake! What should I do?!"

He shouts towards the guard wearing sunglasses, who hastily pins Gina to the ground with a massive hand.

Tengan "Hoshi, this better not be another one of your honor freakouts. I'm a little busy!"

Ryuu "You don't understand! I broke all of the rules!..."

He's distracted. I have a few minutes to think.

Janny "Anything I can do to help?"

Ann "Uhh... Depends. What's your Energia?"

Janny "I can rotate small items 180 degrees, but I have to flip my hat around before I can do it again."

That's a... That's a weird one. Can I do anything with that?"

Ann "What's your range?"

Janny "One and a half meters."

Okay, less helpful then I was hoping for. Unless...

Ann "Can you reverse velocity?"

Janny "Y-Yeah!"
>>
No. 876964 ID: d2aae1
File 152278088403.png - (131.71KB , 1500x1500 , 103.png )
876964

>>876961


I peer past Tailman, and see my gun close to the wall behind him. I note everything I can about it.

I fired two blunts, so the next four shots should be:
-Gust
-Oil
-Oil
-Fire

It's facing away from Ryuu and I, but it's about 5 meters away from us. If I ran for it, Ryuu would definitely see me. Even in his current state, I don't think he'd be willing to let that slide. Maybe I could send Janny? At her height, she may not register to him. Then again, I think there's a better way to use her power than that...

Gina will definitely be able to handle her opponent, but I can't tell how Logan's doing. He's certainly against the black-skinned guard, but I can't get a good view of them. Between Sunglasses' hands and Gina's blasts of fire, it's difficult to see the other side of the room. I'll just have to hope that he's handling himself well.

...We need to wrap things up here fast. We don't have the time for all this back and forth. Every second we waste here, is another second B-Team is in danger. If we want to help them, we can't stay here.

This plan had better work...
>>
No. 879343 ID: ffa7ee

So after weeks of thinking, I can't think of a good plan. So just yell LEEROY JENKINS as loud as you can, or something like that and just run around shooting randomly.
>>
No. 879624 ID: d2aae1
File 152419955971.gif - (3.11MB , 1200x1200 , 104.gif )
879624

>>876964

>>879343
>So after weeks of thinking, I can't think of a good plan. So just yell LEEROY JENKINS as loud as you can, or something like that and just run around shooting randomly.


Well, I'd need to get my gun back before I could do anything like that. Also, that's not a good plan. I'll stick with my own.

I whisper the details of my idea to Janny, who nods in affirmation. Assuming she can pull her part off without a hitch, then I can focus on executing my own role properly.

Deep breaths, Ann. This will work. This will work, or we are fucked.


PHASE 1: GET THE GUN

With the best precision I can muster, I summon my book directly over my revolver's trigger. Whether or not this will work, I cannot say.

Regardless, I prepare myself to catch it. Once that gust shot fires, I'm going to have to snatch my revolver right out of the air.
>>
No. 879625 ID: d2aae1
File 152419957887.gif - (698.01KB , 1200x1200 , 105.gif )
879625

>>879624
>>
No. 879626 ID: 094652

*Drumroll*
>>
No. 879635 ID: 9876c4

You're brilliant, Ann.

I sometimes forget that, but it's true.
>>
No. 879647 ID: 75f586

...I’m officially dumb.
You can control the position of where you summon your book. In the duel with lizard you might have been able to bop him on the head or intercept his tail-swings.
>>
No. 882890 ID: d2aae1
File 152563682101.gif - (946.12KB , 1200x1200 , 106.gif )
882890

>>879625


The sudden blast of air snaps Ryuu out of his panic.

Ryuu "What the-"

After spinning around to find the origin of the sound, the revolver whizzes right past Ryuu.

I try to follow its path with my hand, so that I can catch it.

It gets closer and closer, until finally...
>>
No. 882891 ID: d2aae1
File 152563702249.gif - (366.70KB , 1200x1200 , 107.gif )
882891

>>882890


BWAP!

With the dexterity of a drunk sloth, my outstretched hand doesn't even touch the weapon. The gun painfully collides with my face.

I catch it before it falls to the ground, but the moment is irreversibly ruined.

What matters is that I have the revolver. Now we can move on to-


PHASE 2: RELOAD

Those oil shots aren't going to do much for me right now. I need at least one blunt for my plan.

My hand dives into my right pouch, and pulls out a small handful of shots. When I find a splash of red among them, I drop the rest.

Ryuu "What did you... Were you lying to me!?"

Ann "Of course not. I was just-"

Tengan "Ryuu! Stop listening to the enemy!"

Ryuu "Grr... I apologize, but I cannot accept the rules you presented on word alone. Until I am able to confirm your claims myself, I must assume that they are false. Therefore..."

I finish loading right as he begins rushing towards me.

Ryuu "I shall not permit you to use weapons in this duel!"

With the fighter coming increasingly close, I fire directly towards him.
>>
No. 882943 ID: 830fb7

Say something like “wait, isn’t it only honorable to have both party’s know of the of the rules of engagement in a duel becouse what would happen if I was not knowledgeable about a certain rule and broke it would that not invalidate your so sorely sort after honour duel. Plus invalidating the customs of the other partisapents world for an advantage only to ones self is in itself dishonourable would you deny me my right to having an honourable battle and throw away your honour for no reason.”
>>
No. 882962 ID: 9876c4

Empty the cylinder in his direction. fast as you can.

They might not all help, but every projectile is a chance for a turnaround.
Do your best Bob Munden impression (or your world's equivalent)
>>
No. 884260 ID: ffa7ee

Alright, spawn the book in front of him, and try to stun him.

Then, shoot him with everything you've got.
>>
No. 884606 ID: d2aae1
File 152648533958.png - (157.74KB , 1500x1500 , 108.png )
884606

>>882891

>>882962
>Empty the cylinder in his direction. fast as you can.

>They might not all help, but every projectile is a chance for a turnaround.

>>884260
>Alright, spawn the book in front of him, and try to stun him.

>Then, shoot him with everything you've got.


There's no need for me to do anything like that. With this one blunt shot...
>>
No. 884607 ID: d2aae1
File 152648541911.gif - (741.90KB , 1200x1200 , 109.gif )
884607

>>884606


...I'll turn the tables on him.


PHASE 3: AIM FOR JANNY
>>
No. 884615 ID: ffa7ee

>>884607
I'm gonna be a bit pessimistic here, but I can see so many ways this could go wrong.

For example, are you sure the blunt bullet will incapacitate him? Even if he doesn't dodge with those reflexes of his, I remember the last time a blunt bullet was fired at the back of someones head resulted in you getting knocked out.

Now that I think about it, bullets are approximately twice the speed of sound; meaning this Ryuu guy could see the bullet coming, and dodge it, all before the gunshot could even be heard. FUCK.
>>
No. 885764 ID: d2aae1
File 152711508481.gif - (506.32KB , 1200x1200 , 110.gif )
885764

>>884607

>>884615
>I'm gonna be a bit pessimistic here, but I can see so many ways this could go wrong.

For example, are you sure the blunt bullet will incapacitate him? Even if he doesn't dodge with those reflexes of his, I remember the last time a blunt bullet was fired at the back of someones head resulted in you getting knocked out.


I don't think he'll be incapacitated by the impact. The shot will probably lose quite a bit of speed before it hits him, so it's rather unlikely. I don't need him to be incapacitated (although that would save me a step), I just need a distraction.

The blunt shot immediately switches momentum in front of Janny. It didn't pause, and she didn't make any sort of sudden movement. It simply reached her hands, and began moving towards Ryuu.

His combat senses betray him, as it hits him right in the cranium.

Ryuu "Guh! Wh- a rebound!?"

I'm moving from the moment his head ducks down. There isn't much space between us, but I quickly position myself appropriately...

...and then I jump.
>>
No. 885765 ID: d2aae1
File 152711530442.png - (173.54KB , 1500x1500 , 111.png )
885765

>>885764


Ann "Gotcha!"

This is the riskiest part of the plan, and the most important to get right.


FINAL PHASE: PIN THE TAIL

At my shout, he opens his eyes. His pupils shrink, and his tail spring to life. It was clear that he didn't intend to get tackled, and was about to swat me away with his tail.

Instead, I grab his tail with my free hand, and hold it tightly against his body.

Under normal circumstances, I'm rather certain he would have been able to overpower my arm. In this case, however, I'd caught him completely by surprise. He doesn't have enough time to try and get me off, before I collide with him. The collision knocks us both to the floor, with me on top of him. I don't let go of his tail until our momentum halts. It doesn't feel great on my hand, but it's better than being whacked by his extra limb.
>>
No. 885860 ID: 160d22

Good, now keep him there. Preferably in an unconscious state.
>>
No. 885954 ID: 094652

BEGIN inappropriate tailfapping and WEIRD. HIM. OUT.
>>
No. 886176 ID: 69d4b9

>>885765
According to his culture, you've just made him your wife. Congratulations.
>>
No. 886874 ID: d2aae1
File 152765844078.gif - (672.76KB , 1200x1200 , 112.gif )
886874

>>885765

>>885954
>BEGIN inappropriate tailfa-


No.

Before Ryuu can move, I aim for his head. The threat is clear. I can feel him shifting under me, likely trying to untuck his tail from underneath both of our weights. I move my gun closer to him, and state a command.

Ann "Concede."

He's silent for a moment, before nodding his head.

Ryuu "Very well. I concede this duel to you... Um..."

Ann "What now?"

Ryuu "Urk! I apologize profusely, but I failed to ask your name before we began. Yet another mistake on my end. I am deeply sorry for the poor first impression I must have made for my kingdom!"

Ann "Oh, no, that's... It's fine. My name is Ann. Ann Pepper." I'm starting to feel bad for tricking this guy. It's way too easy.

Ryuu "R-Right. Thank you. I, Ryuu Hoshi, concede victory to you, Ann Pepper. You may remove yourself from my chest. I will not lash out at you further."

Carefully, watching for any sudden movements, I crawl off of his chest. We both rise from the floor, and he holds up his hands in a sign of surrender.

Tengan "Ryuu, what the hell! Did you let that kid win?"

Ryuu turns towards his ally to speak.

Ryuu "I apologize, Tengan, but I was outmaneuvered. I have surrendered victory, and will wait by the sidelines until this battle is over."

Tengan "Seriously!"

Turning back, Ryuu addresses me.

Ryuu "I shall wait patiently by the staircase to see the results of my this encounter. Afterwards, I will either assist my allies in escorting your party to a confinement room, or assist them to the medical room."

Ann "Alright. You're not... You won't stop me if I try to help my friends, saying that I shouldn't interfere with their own duels. Right?"

Ryuu "Hmph! While I hold my own opinions on proper battle etiquette, I cannot deny that my allies hold a looser definition. Do as you will."

He marches off towards the staircase, where he silently observes the room. I don't think we'll have to worry about him for now.

Janny "Ann!"

The smaller woman runs up to me, still grinning widely.

Janny "That was great! Excellent! A third adjective!"

Ann "Thanks. Nice work on your end. It's too early to celebrate though. There are still two other guar-"

Gina "AHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Tengan "EEEEEEEK!"
>>
No. 886911 ID: ffa7ee

>>886874

Heheh. Tengan screams like a little girl.

You have gas bullets in there, right? Shoot em at Tengan, it'll take him down much quicker with all the fire Gina's making. He'd be burnt to a crisp, like fried chicken.
>>
No. 888768 ID: d2aae1
File 152892179083.png - (163.41KB , 1500x1500 , 113.png )
888768

>>886874


Gina "What's wrong!? Can't stand a bit of HEAT!?"

Tengan "St-stay back!"

Gina "Go ahead! Slap me away again!"

Tengan "..."

Gina "Even if you make them big, they're still just your hands. That means, I can still burn 'em."

Tengan "Don't come any closer!"

Gina "Hope you enjoyed tossing me around this room. Looks like it's my turn."

Gina marches closer to him, the fire surrounding her following her movements. In seconds, the guard would be scalded if he didn't mov-

Tengan "Forget it! I surrender! I'm not melting for the royal pain-in-the-ass!"

Gina "..."

Ann "..."

Janny "..."

Hoshi "...Hmph. Absolutely no honor..."

Gina "..Seriously?"

Tengan "Yeeeaah, I'm gonna say yes. Don't get me wrong; I'd give my life for the queen, but her nephew isn't worth a papercut."

Gina "But... But that's not okay. I was supposed to be burning you now. After getting knocked around like that, I really needed to be burning someone right now."

Tengan "And I'm giving you free reign to make that someone Prattford. Are you saying that's not good enough?"

Gina "It's not that it isn't good enough, it's that it was supposed to be you too..."

Tengan "Hoshi's already lost, so all I've gotta do is call off Xavier. Then, you and your posse can pass."

Gina "Ann this isn't right, right? I'm supposed to get to hurt him now. Tell me I'm not crazy."

Ann "Well... We should really be focused on Prattford, so-"

Gina "Right, shut up. Logan, I'm not crazy, ri-"

Logan "AAAAAAAAAA!"

I wasn't paying attention before, but the screech dragged my eyes towards the opposite side of the room. I was just in time to witness...


Logan's uppercut flew quickly, and dragged the man into the air by his chin. He almost hit the ceiling, before crashing back into the ground.

There was, a noteworthy period where nobody spoke. Soon, when the man indicated that he was still alive, conversation seemed to come back to us.

Tengan "Jeez! I was just about to tell him we were quitting. You didn't have to go and break his jaw."

Logan "Wh-Wh-What?"

Tengan "Xavier, you alright?"

He doesn't so much as answer, as he does groan in pain.

Tengan "Eh, he's taken worse. Still, pretty ruthless attack kid."

Logan "Huh? B-B-B-B-But I- He- Uh..."

Gina "Logan, it's fine. It's handy's fault for not stopping things earlier. Which is all the more reason-"

Ann "Gina, We don't have time for this! We need to get a move on." I gather up the bullets I'd dropped earlier, and dump them into my bag.

Janny "I'll go check on Mr. Sleepyhead. You guys go on without me."

Wendy "Um, r-right."

Logan "Wait, then, w-w-we won?"

Ann "Yes, now move!"

Gina "Grrr... Damnit! I'm coming back for shades when this is all done!"

Tengan "Hoshi, grab Xavier. We're falling back to the medical room. Afterwards, I might look into transferring to another Tier."

Gina "Pussy!"
>>
No. 888833 ID: 3cd01b

We need to have a talk about your violent tendencies, Gina.
>>
No. 888839 ID: 9876c4

Gina, someone needs to sit you down by a campfire, and tell you a little story about Target Fixation.

...Not It.
>>
No. 888854 ID: 69d4b9

>>888768
Ann this is why I was telling you mercy's for people who know what they're doing. You're all green at this. Maybe you'll pull it off anyway and not kill the next band of goons you get intercepted by, but it'll be equal parts dumb luck and willful action.
>>
No. 889500 ID: d2aae1
File 152951326541.gif - (2.14MB , 1200x1200 , 114.gif )
889500

>>888768

>>888833
>We need to have a talk about your violent tendencies, Gina.

>>888839
>Gina, someone needs to sit you down by a campfire, and tell you a little story about Target Fixation.

>...Not It.


Oh, piss off! If he'd made you into a human racquetball, you'd wanna knock his lights out too.

The door we need to reach is only a short distance away. Ann reloads her gun as we run, while Wendy watches our rear. Problems arise as soon as we arrive.

Ann "Where's the support team? Alan, Akane, and Orson are supposed to be watching this door."

Wendy "I lost track of them with their attack team. Most likely... they went in after them."

Ann "You were reading their minds, right? Did you catch anything about what they were doing before they stopped giving signals?"

Wendy "No. I can't watch all of the teams at once. I had to cycle through them, one at a time. I only saw B-Team on the way to this door. By the time I got back to them..."

Gina "Then we don't have any time to waste. Let's go kick this prince's ass!"

Ann "Wendy, you should stay behind us."

Wendy "R-Right... I'm not suited for combat."

I pull open the door, ready for whatever waits on the other-

...
>>
No. 889726 ID: 094652

>>889500
Gang, you're stunned! Get to cover and rationalize whatever you just saw!
>>
No. 889802 ID: 9876c4

For real. Come up with the best explanation for what happened.

One for the books.
>>
No. 891315 ID: d2aae1
File 153083166749.png - (178.77KB , 1500x1500 , 115.png )
891315

>>889726
>Gang, you're stunned! Get to cover and rationalize whatever you just saw!

Gina "..."

Ann "..."

Logan "..."

Prattford "Hello there. I was wondering if more people would be coming by. I suppose this is an organized infiltration then? That, or I've severely overestimated my guards."

He speaks casually, like he doesn't have a care in the world.

Prattford "Hang on a minute... That's right! You're the girls from the market!"

He claps his hands together happily.

Prattford "Wonderful! I was absolutely correct in judging you as criminals. I'm so glad you've gifted me yet another chance to punish you. No interruptions from cloud boy this time. You'll face the full extent of your crimes."

Gina "..."

I want to say something in response, but...

Prattford "Oh? Nothing to say? Could it be... Do you know these people?"
>>
No. 891316 ID: d2aae1
File 153083169650.png - (133.10KB , 1500x1500 , 116.png )
891316

>>891315

Prattford "These fools came by a short while ago. They actually tried to arrest me! Can you believe it?"

Gina "..."
>>
No. 891317 ID: d2aae1
File 153083172755.png - (138.21KB , 1500x1500 , 117.png )
891317

>>891316

Prattford "Naturally, I didn't comply."

Gina "..."
>>
No. 891318 ID: d2aae1
File 153083182572.png - (194.61KB , 1500x1500 , 118.png )
891318

>>891317

Prattford "If you can believe it, they attacked me! It was... honestly quite pathetic. Still, I don't think you can blame me for this. After all..."

Prattford "Assaulting me is tantamount to suicide."

I say nothing. There's nothing to say.

I act.
>>
No. 891374 ID: 094652

>I act
Okay, but be smart about it.

Can you channel your rage to set the ground on lava or something?
>>
No. 891375 ID: 10c408

Can you set him, throne and all, on fire? that might be the best opener you'll get.
>>
No. 891397 ID: 69d4b9

We're gonna kill him right? Right?

You have to leverage your numbers advantage. Be rentlentless as a group. Give him the hotfoot while Logan yells at him. Ann might shoot him with one of her gimmick rounds or something, but don't count on it actually doing more than distracting. He'll know how to put up a water barrier to slow a bullet. The point is to overwhelm his defenses and not give him a chance to properly attack.

So do it! Take down this sick filth!
>>
No. 892569 ID: d2aae1
File 153149759154.png - (240.05KB , 1500x1500 , 119.png )
892569

>>891318

>>891374
>Okay, but be smart about it.

>Can you channel your rage to set the ground on lava or something?


I can't do that.


>>891397
>We're gonna kill him right? Right?


I fucking wish.


>>891375
>Can you set him, throne and all, on fire? that might be the best opener you'll get.


This guy gets it.

I coat myself in fire, and blast towards him as fast as I can. I
won't give him the chance to make another tidal wave. I aim a
flaming punch squarely for his jaw.

Prattford falls through his throne.

-!

Prattford "Heh. How predictable."
>>
No. 892570 ID: d2aae1
File 153149777842.png - (153.64KB , 1500x1500 , 120.png )
892570

>>892569


The fucking throne was made out of water! Dyed water! He must
have been using his power to hold it up this whole time.

The damn chair springs to life, crashing me into the floor, and-
fuck. Fuck fuck fucking shit! The exact scenario I wanted to
avoid occurs, and I'm lying on the floor unable to breathe.

Prattford "Honestly, I don't know how you made it past the guards.
Even with an Energia like yours, they should really know how to
handle someone as obvious as you. Perhaps I've been paying them too much. A few salary cuts should-"

Logan "Hey!"

Prattford "GAH- OOF!"
>>
No. 892736 ID: 9876c4

Yessss

Gawwing and Oofling is how we win.
>>
No. 892738 ID: 094652

Hey, is the castle made of water?

BOIL
>>
No. 893756 ID: d2aae1
File 153204983519.png - (155.95KB , 1500x1500 , 121.png )
893756

>>892570


I hit him while he's rambling, and I honestly don't understand how that worked. This suit isn't quiet at all. He must have been really absorbed in that monologue.

The water around Gina dissipates, and I quickly pull her to her feet.

Gina "Th-Thanks-"

I quickly pull her back, as the spilled water tries to latch onto her legs. Turning left, I see that Prattford had made a full recovery.

Prattford "What a pathetic punch. All strength, but no accuracy."

I was positive I'd gotten him, but I could see his crown warped into itself on the ground. I must have thrown that hit too high. He probably only fell over because my arm bumped him mid-swing. He wasn't even phased-

Wait, no, his legs are shaking like maracas. That definitely scared him.

I take an intimidating step forward.

Prattford "S-Stay back!"

He throws his hand out, and a massive wave knocks me back. Gina throws a blast of flame towards him, but he creates a liquid shield to protect himself.

Prattford's on the defensive. We'll need to find some way to break through his shields if we want to beat him.
>>
No. 893768 ID: 69d4b9

Just destroy the ceiling. He can't stop you, and Gina, and Ann's gun, and a quarter ton of masonry can he?
>>
No. 893771 ID: 2a13fa

We'll probably need an attack from multiple angles, and with a lot of force behind it. Ann could summon her book directly in Prattford's face right before the attack to distract/blind him, or above his head to bonk him. Gina could keep him on the defensive by spamming fireballs his way.
>>
No. 893870 ID: 5b93d3

>>893756
Logan, have you heard of the concept of an Aerospike? A projection in front of an object moving quickly through a fluid creases a shockwave that pushes the fluid out of the way of the body behind it. It allows non-streamlined objects to travel though the air at higher speeds in the 'bubble' of air created behind.
Next time Pratford tries to send a wall of water at you, try throwing the fastest punch you can at it.
>>
No. 896364 ID: d2aae1
File 153369924540.png - (326.21KB , 1500x1500 , 122.png )
896364

>>893756

>>893768
>Just destroy the ceiling. He can't stop you, and Gina, and Ann's gun, and a quarter ton of masonry can he?


A few issues with that plan. First off, while I did leave a small crater in a wall, bringing down the ceiling is probably asking too much of this suit. Secondly, Gina, Ann, and I would probably get crushed with Prattford. Thirdly, that's not even counting in the fact that he could shield himself with water, potentially catching large chunks of debris. So... I don't think that's a great plan. Sorry.


>>893771
>We'll probably need an attack from multiple angles, and with a lot of force behind it. Ann could summon her book directly in Prattford's face right before the attack to distract/blind him, or above his head to bonk him. Gina could keep him on the defensive by spamming fireballs his way.


I agree, that's the best way to approach. I just need to figure out how I should help...


>>893870
>Logan, have you heard of the concept of an Aerospike? A projection in front of an object moving quickly through a fluid creases a shockwave that pushes the fluid out of the way of the body behind it. It allows non-streamlined objects to travel though the air at higher speeds in the 'bubble' of air created behind.
>Next time Pratford tries to send a wall of water at you, try throwing the fastest punch you can at it.


Hmm... I have heard of aerospikes before, but only offhandedly. If you think it will work, then I guess I could try.

I rush towards him. He sees me coming, and puts up a wall of water between us. The red liquid that was once his throne seemed to be losing its dye. Before he can use it to knock me back, I send an open palmed punch right through it.

...

I stand there with my arm shoved into his water wall, and question if something was supposed to happen. The water begins crawling up my arm, as I struggle to pull it out.

Gina shoves me away, and blasts away the approaching water. Prattford pulls it back, shielding himself.

Gina "Logan, fall back!"

I'm about to respond, when Ann drags me back. She whispers into my ear.

Ann "Head to the door, and shout for people to come. "B-Team found Prattford." They'll start coming."

Oh! Reinforcements, right. You nod to Ann, and run to the entrance. You take a deep breath in preparation.

Ann "Gina! Wendy! Brace yourselves!"

Gina "Huh? Oh, shit!"

Wendy "R-Right."

Prattford "What? What are you doi-"

Logan "B-TEAM FOUND PRATTFORD!!! PLEASE COME HERE!!!"

Prattford "Grah!"
>>
No. 896365 ID: 094652

So are you going to scream at him until he goes deaf? Or just puts up a water shield around himself? And then the sound waves in water rupture his vital organs?

Whatever you do, make sure your reinforcements are on YOUR side.
>>
No. 896631 ID: 9876c4

>>896365
That's actually not a bad plan, even if all it does is buy us time.

Gina, hit him with a curtain of fire. Logan find a tube and scream into the water shield. Ann's book would work to some extent.
>>
No. 897502 ID: 094652

>Doppelganger Card
Well OBVIOUSLY you should use it on Sir Prickett here as a disguise, so you can order the remaining guards to stand down while you take the prince to a safe, dry, and BURNING place for interrogation.
>>
No. 899262 ID: 2a13fa

If the doppelganger card works on people, would it theoretically be possible to use it to turn prattford into someone else? I'm not sure whether the effect is visual or physical or how much so; if the latter to the point where it grants similar properties (such as powers), it would be an easy win to turn Prattford into, say, Ann.

If that's not an option, if you could fire a blunt and a gust immediately after, you could get a super high velocity shot that he might not be able to react to. However, you'd probably need him distracted and not focusing on you, or he'd know you're firing at him. You'd also need very good aim; a headshot would be optimal.
>>
No. 900224 ID: d2aae1
File 153596003642.png - (161.00KB , 1500x1500 , 123.png )
900224

I'm an idiot, and deleted these posts by mistake. Oops.

>>896364

>>896365
>So are you going to scream at him until he goes deaf? Or just puts up a water shield around himself? And then the sound waves in water rupture his vital organs?

>Whatever you do, make sure your reinforcements are on YOUR side.


I made sure not to say what room we were in, so only the people who were there for the planning session should be coming.

I turn to look at Prattford, and see him holding off Gina still. He's not covering himself in water, but I can see him keeping an eye on Ann and I. I think he's anticipating more shouts from me, and more shots from Ann. For Gina's sake, I'll refrain while she's close to him.

As for Ann... She's just standing there. She's watching from a distance, and keeping a hand on her gun. Knowing her, she's probably thinking.

Wendy is trying to wake up one of the kids from B-Team. She sees me watching her, and waves me towards her. I run up, and see what she needs.

Wendy "Could you try to get Cory up? Akane won't wake, and I'm scared that Orson... P-Please take a look at him."

I nod, and slowly start shaking the child. He quietly groans, but doesn't wake up at all. I try shaking him slightly harder, to no success.

His pulse was steady, so he wasn't dead, thankfully. That would be tragic. But, he isn't waking up...

I take a deep breath. I can't scream too loudly this close to him, or I might damage his hearing. I need to hit just the right volume.

Logan "Cory! Wake up!"

A few seconds pass. With a pained groan, his eyes stare into mine.

Cory "...What? What happened?"

Logan "A-Support and C-Support are here t-to help. Others t-t-too, soon."

Cory "A and... C. Prattford." He turns his head, and watches Gina blast a powerful wave into thousands of droplets. He turns a bit farther, and sees-

Cory "A-Akane!"

He tries to get up, but winces when he tries to stand. I examine his leg, but I don't see any signs of a break. He may have sprained it, however. He fumbles about for the deck box hanging from his neck, and only then notices the card in his hand. He reads it, and sighs in relief.

Cory "I cast Mending on Simon The Rabbit."

The card dissolves into a green aura. It wraps itself around the girl's rabbit, causing Wendy to back away. The aura replaces stuffing, sews the plush's tears, and even cleans the collected dirt off of it. After a short show, the green glow vanishes. Akane shoots up moments afterwards. She gasps for air, as though she was previously choking.

Wendy "Akane, are you alright? Take deep breaths."

Cory "What else is here...?" He picks up the other two cards off the floor. After a short examination, he shows one of them to me.
>>
No. 900226 ID: d2aae1
File 153596019322.png - (205.96KB , 1500x1500 , 124.png )
900226

>>900224


The text on it reads Doppelganger, and an image depicts a young boy changing his veggies into cupcakes.

Logan "...?"

Cory "It's for you. I'm taking sis and Simon home, but you can have this."

I take the card from him, and examine it. There isn't any other explanatory text, but the effect should be obvious. Cory still explains, helpfully.

Cory "Um... You need two things, and that lets you make the first thing like the second. But, it doesn't work on everything. Oh, and they have to be around the same size, or it doesn't work."
>>
No. 900227 ID: d2aae1
File 153596022423.png - (237.62KB , 1500x1500 , 125.png )
900227

>>900226


Cory slowly limps to his sister, and pokes her in the back. She turns to see him, and he shows her a card.

Akane "Huh? But, shouldn't we stay to help beat up Prince?"

Cory "No, I don't think so. Orson and Robot died, and I think Alan left already, so we should go too, and I'm the leader, so what I say goes."

Akane "Aww, but I liked Orson. He was happy and colorful and nice."

Cory "Yep. Now he's mostly blue."

Akane "That is a nice color though."

Cory "Come on. I cast Portal or me and Akane. Take us home."

A purple aura spins around the children, eventually blocking them from sight. When it clears, neither of them are in the room.

Wendy moves on to helping Orson, while I-

Ann "Alright, I have an idea."

..go help Ann with whatever her plan is.
>>
No. 900228 ID: d2aae1
File 153596027846.png - (244.00KB , 1500x1500 , 126.png )
900228

>>900227

>>897502
>Well OBVIOUSLY you should use it on Sir Prickett here as a disguise, so you can order the remaining guards to stand down while you take the prince to a safe, dry, and BURNING place for interrogation.


...I think I'll just give it to Ann. Not that your plan is bad, but... it's not exactly good... I mean, the guards haven't been an issue at all, we don't have anything Prattford sized on hand, and we haven't had much luck apprehending Prattford so far. I'll just... give it to Ann. She can make better use of it.

I run over to her, and she starts speaking before I can offer her the card.

Ann "Logan, I need you to distract Prattford for a moment. Approach from the left, and act like you're going to shout. Don't actually scream though. I'm going to give Gina a clean shot at this guy. You're going to be without air for up to a minute though, so take a deep breath when he sees you."

I nod my head. Even without all of the fine details, I know that I can trust Ann. Whatever her plan is, she's confident in it.

Gina dodges to the right, almost getting caught up in a wave. As Prattford is launching his water towards her, I take the opportunity to rush forward.

Our eyes meet. As he holds his left hand defensively, protecting himself from Gina's assault, I take in a large breath.

His pupils dilate in fear, as he uses his right hand to lock my head in a watery cage. I shut my mouth, and try to hold my breath for as long as I can. The water feels like it's strangling me. It hurts.

I hear Gina shout something, but it's quickly interrupted by a loud piercing BANG!

...

I fire at Prattford.

With his hands at both sides, holding off my friends, I have a clean shot on him.

The next few seconds feel like they play out in slow-motion. Prattford turns to see me fire.

He takes a glance at Logan, and drops him to try and block the shot. Had I fired a normal bullet, he probably would not have had the time to do this. However, that risked killing him. Highly immoral for one thing, and also one of our worst options. A blunt on the other hand would have just been caught in his water veil. It looks like I made the right choice.

The contents of my shot splash against his water wall. One of three things would happen next, all dependent on how his Energia works. Either the oil will float inside of the water, before eventually falling out like the dye did; the oil will surface on either Prattford or Gina's side of the shield, or it will completely pass through.

It turns out to be the latter, as the oil pierces straight through his water shield. The oil splashes into Prattford's face. He screams, as he drops his water to wipe the oil off, having been blinded by it. Logan drops to the ground, and the shield between him and Gina lowers. She grins devilishly.

She reels back her full-body flames, and throws one fire filled punch right into his face. He gets launched back into the wall, and a small fire starts on his head. He screams like a girl, and quickly puts himself out. Gina doesn't give him any downtime, as she barrels straight into him. She wrestles him to the ground successfully.

Gina "Ha! Fuck reinforcements, this guy's a wimp!"

Prattford "..."

Ann "Prattford, do you surrender? More people are on the way, and we already have you down. If you try to fight back-"

Prattford "You'll kill me?"

Gina "Yeah. So reel your ego in and call it quits while you can." She ignites her fist threateningly.

Prattford "Heh... Such an empty threat. I already know that you can't."

I stay silent, not wanting to confirm his suspicion by responding.

Prattford "...Meanwhile, I have no such limitations."

Gina is thrown into the air by a geyser of water, as Prattford stands back up. Shoot! He must have charged that up on the side opposite Logan and I, as I didn't see water collecting at all.

Logan runs over to catch Gina, only to get launched into the wall.

Prattford "No more forgiveness! I may be a humble and benevolent prince, but I can only pardon so much. I hereby order the execution of everyone involved with this assault!"

I step back, intimidated, and fire another oil shot, with a fire very quickly after. Instead of putting up a shield, he uses a wave of water under his feet to swerve around it. He reaches me, and grabs me by the neck of my shirt.

Prattford "Going up!" He raises us both into the air, before dropping me. I fall for a few seconds, before landing in Logan's arms. I can hear his soft voice gasping for breath behind me. He jumps to the side, me still in his arms, as Gina blasts forth in full flame armor, and jumps to match Prattford's height. I don't see what happens, but I see her hit the ground.

Ann "Logan! Split-up!"

I run away from Gina, while Logan whisks her up, and away from an incoming wave. Prattford can't focus on both of us, so I'm momentarily safe. All that's left in my chamber are two blunts and a gust. I need to use one of my dispensers, and I need a plan. Now.
>>
No. 900229 ID: d2aae1
File 153596033629.png - (244.05KB , 1500x1500 , 127.png )
900229

>>900228

>>899262
>If the doppelganger card works on people, would it theoretically be possible to use it to turn prattford into someone else? I'm not sure whether the effect is visual or physical or how much so; if the latter to the point where it grants similar properties (such as powers), it would be an easy win to turn Prattford into, say, Ann.

>If that's not an option, if you could fire a blunt and a gust immediately after, you could get a super high velocity shot that he might not be able to react to. However, you'd probably need him distracted and not focusing on you, or he'd know you're firing at him. You'd also need very good aim; a headshot would be optimal.


I don't have the full context for that, but I think I understand the premise. If we could turn Prattford into me, he wouldn't have his overpowered water abilities. If it changed his personality too though, that would be equivalent to killing him. Unless it was just temporary. If you're asking though, that means Logan didn't get a thorough description, right? If we don't know for sure, let's keep that as a plan b. Depending on how it functions, we may hit a bad ending to this mission by using it.

I skip reloading, and adjust my chamber to the second blunt. While Prattford's still focused on Logan and Gina, I fire twice. The gust knocks the gun out of my hand, but the blunt shot behaves as intended. The wind carries my shot at seemingly mach speed, right to the back of Prattford's head. It almost knocks him off of his liquid tower.

Prattford "G-GAH! YOU!"

He touches his head, and I see a red liquid on his hand. Looks like I drew blood. He glares up at me. I have his attention.

Prattford let's himself fall into his water, and begins spinning it around him. I run over to grab my gun, as he reaches what seems to be his maximum momentum. His figure is barely visible in the rushing water.

The twirling tower blasts towards me. I try to run, but he homes in on me. A mass of water pounds into my side. It feels like getting hit by a car. My left arm takes the brunt of it, and I hear a distinct snap. I'm blown away, colliding with the wall behind me, to the left from the entrance.

The feeling is... hard to describe. Still, I made a decent effort.

Ann "AAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! OW ow owie! Hnnnngg, hnnnnnnnnnnnggbwuh hhuh hoo..."

...Actually, that's a perfect description. Blinding pain resulting in sobs.

Gina "Ann! Shit, hold on, I've got this!"

I don't exactly see what happens next, as I do hear Gina get launched into the wall beside me. She lands less awkwardly, seemingly better.

Gina "...Okay... don't... got it."
>>
No. 900230 ID: d2aae1
File 153596036539.png - (167.89KB , 1500x1500 , 128.png )
900230

>>900229


When I get a better look at Gina, frost decorates her back, and she's visibly shivering. In other words, she overdid it.

Gina "...One more shot..."

Ann "You'll freeze! Rest for a bit."

Using only my right arm, I load my revolver with my rearmost dispenser. Two oils and a fire are inserted into the chamber.

I fire the oils beside her, and light it with the fire, keeping my distance of course. Using only one hand to shoot is incredibly painful, and I can feel my arm try to leave its socket. I'm not going to be very useful for the rest of this combat I think. Gina lays in the blaze, and I can see the frost melting. She should be fine after a few minutes. Meanwhile...

I turn just in time to see Prattford barreling towards us. I react by holding up my gun, but all that's in it is a blunt. I fire it anyways, and as expected, it gets caught up in his self-made whirlpool.

With quick reactions, I just barely manage to jump out of the way in time. He revs up another assault quickly, leaving me with no time to respond. Logan jumps in front of me, and blocked the blow with his powerful su-

Okay, that was clearly the intent. What actually happened was that we both got launched back. Logan from getting hit, and me when Logan crashed into me. I stand up, not wanting to leave myself open to a water prison.

Ann "Logan, did you get a card from that Cory?"

He nods.

Ann "If you don't have a plan for it, let me have it."

He hands it over, with zero complaints.

Prattford appears momentarily dazed from running into Logan. Possibly because he hit the metal of his suit. This gives me time to reload, and strategize. I have 5 dispensers, two pouches, and a doppelganger card left. Unless otherwise stated, we should assume that Prattford can't be affected by the card, lest we end up in the previously mentioned near-worst case scenario. I need a way to stop his assault.

That last hit to the head drew blood, so it clearly hurt. If we could get one more really good shot there, we may be able to knock him out. Something to keep in mind.
>>
No. 900232 ID: d2aae1

(Well, everything should be better now. Thank you for playing Bokkun accidentally fucks up once more. Tune in next time, where Bokkun erases an entire fucking server.)
>>
No. 900241 ID: 094652

Important question: is there anything in the room that literally attracts bullets? Because that's the first thing I'd turn Prat into.

Your doppelganger card might be capable of copying your special bullets onto the regular ones. Try it out and fire.
>>
No. 900681 ID: e3de4b

I have a couple ideas.

Idea 1) Shoot some of those Shock Electricity Bullets at Pratford if you got any. This'll shock him, regardless of his Whirlpool. It could kill him though.

2) Just sit there and pick a god and pray.
>>
No. 902464 ID: e74ac8
File 153741935428.png - (286.67KB , 1500x1500 , 129.png )
902464

>>900230
>>900241
>Important question: is there anything in the room that literally attracts bullets? Because that's the first thing I'd turn Prat into.

>Your doppelganger card might be capable of copying your special bullets onto the regular ones. Try it out and fire.


We're short on magnets sadly. Also, I'm not short on piercing shots. I'm just limited in how much I can use them, since I can't use lethal options.


>>900681
>I have a couple ideas.

>Idea 1) Shoot some of those Shock Electricity Bullets at Pratford if you got any. This'll shock him, regardless of his Whirlpool. It could kill him though.

>2) Just sit there and pick a god and pray.


I load up the dispenser on my front left leg. Two shocks and a piercing enter my gun. Prattford charges at Logan, as the smaller boy attempts to throw a punch.

I raise my arm to fire a new shot, when my shoulder registers a formal complaint with my body. Namely: "Hey! Pull that shit again, and I'm quitting!" I tense up, remembering the pain from the previous shots. My hesitation allows the collision to happen. Logan's punch collides with Prattford's water...

Instead of getting launched into the wall, Logan is simply pushed back a good distance. He's holding his stomach, which tells me that Prattford still managed to land an impact on him, despite his punch.

Prattford, meanwhile, is barely phased. He takes no time to recover, and rushes towards me. Even though I'm holding the gun, I don't feel confident enough to fire it. Instead, I try to slip by and get to Logan. I just barely manage to sidestep him, and make it to Logan. Before he can speak, I quickly hold my gun out towards him.

Ann "Logan, I can't shoot. I need you to take this shot for me. It's a shock in the chamber."

Logan "A-A-Are you alr-"

Ann "Hit the deck!"

I shove Logan to the ground with my good arm, as Prattford passes over us. I see him making a turn in the air, and quickly turn back to Logan.

Ann "Here!"

Without letting him respond, I push my weapon into his hand. He takes it, holds it in both hands, and fires at the approaching prince. An electrical plug fires out of the revolver, rapidly approaching the prince...

...And then misses.

We both jump away in panic, as we're almost caught in a rush of water.

Ann "Logan!"

Logan "S-S-Sorry! I-I didn't p-p-practice aiming this."

Right... I'm only halfway-acceptable because I was practicing all week to get my aim right. He hands me the gun back.

Ann "I-I need a minute to think."

Logan nods, and runs straight at Prattford. I crouch down, and try to process everything.

Okay, okay... What do we need to do to win this fight? Well, we could hold him off long enough for another team to come by, but given how things are currently going... Unreliable.

We need to incapacitate him somehow. If Logan could land a clean shot maybe, no water in the way. Gina could probably place a good enough hit too, but she's still recovering. Maybe my blunt could do it if I hit him in the head again, and the shock could potentially take advantage of his shield. And Wendy... What the heck has Wendy been doing?
>>
No. 902465 ID: e74ac8
File 153741944551.gif - (275.42KB , 1200x1200 , 130.gif )
902465

>>902464


I look over, and see her lying next to Orson, trying not to move...

Ann "..."

Wendy "..."

Ann "..."

That's disappointing. I get that she doesn't have a weapon or anything, but... Wow. Really gonna leave this to the teenagers?

Oh, she's giving me an apologetic look now. Right, mind reader.
>>
No. 902467 ID: e74ac8
File 153741949623.png - (325.36KB , 1500x1500 , 131.png )
902467

>>902465


Okay. Logan can't land a hit, and Gina can't burn him right now. Landing a shock is probably the best option I have. However... If I fire and miss, that's it. It'll just be Logan, Wendy, and Gina whenever she can recover. If I'm gonna do this, I have to make sure I can land this shot.

Think... Think...

...

The Doppelganger Card.

I turn to Wendy, and lay out my plan in my head. She looks at me, and slowly nods.

If we can do this right, I think... No! I'm sure we'll beat Prattford. We'll end it in one shot.
>>
No. 902492 ID: e3de4b

I'm guessing you're gonna try to use the doppelganger card on Logan's Super-powered Exoskeleton, right? If you are, give the copy to Wendy. Mind reading isn't gonna majorly benefit us in this fight in any conceivable way, so without that Exoskeleton, Wendy's pretty much dead weight.

Oh right, Wendy can hear us. Sorry Wendy.
>>
No. 902505 ID: 9876c4

Waitaminute, can't wendy read Prattford's mind and find out what he's (currently) worried about?
Seems like the use of the card should be contingent on that.
>>
No. 903784 ID: e74ac8
File 153811316247.png - (265.05KB , 1500x1500 , 132.png )
903784

>>902492

>I'm guessing you're gonna try to use the doppelganger card on Logan's Super-powered Exoskeleton, right? If you are, give the copy to Wendy. Mind reading isn't gonna majorly benefit us in this fight in any conceivable way, so without that Exoskeleton, Wendy's pretty much dead weight.

>Oh right, Wendy can hear us. Sorry Wendy.


I- Huh... Yeah, that could work. I was just going to copy my gun, and do something similar to what worked on Tail Guy, but...

Hmm, I would need something about as big as Logan.

Wendy "Window."

Ann "Hmm?"

Wendy points at one of the large windows in the room. It was certainly big enough...

I run to Logan, as he swerves away from a wet collision, and motion him towards the windows. He walks, over, and I hold out the card.

Ann "How do I use this?"

Logan "J-Just say, "I c-c-cast Doppelganger on X." O-Or wait, since there are t-two objects..."

I see Prattford approaching, and act quickly.

Ann "I cast Doppelganger on The Window. Copy Logan's Exo-Suit."

The card lights up, and dissolves into a green mist. The mist envelops Logan's suit for a moment, before moving towards the window. It begins to-

-Crash into me. That's what Prattford does. Forgot about him for a moment there.

I land on my stomach, and can feel my whole body aching for a moment. Then... it stops. Not just the pain, but everything. I escape from the world, and am plunged into the darkness.

...

...

Logan "A-Ann!"

She isn't getting up. Sh-She isn't getting up!

Prattford pauses his assault to let out a hearty laugh.

Prattford "That's one down, and-", he turns to see Gina, lying in a small fire. He shoots a stream of high pressure water towards it, and extinguishes it. She's left lying in a puddle, shivering.

Prattford "-let's call that two. All that's left is..." He smiles in my direction. I take a step back, feeling threatened.

??? "Not quite!"

Suddenly, the door shoots open. The prince and I both turn our attention to see the rest of A-Team, Janny and the other guy, standing in the doorway. I never caught his name, but I think Janny called him Mr. Sleepyhead.

As Prattford is distracted, Wendy creeps towards me...

Mr. Sleepyhead "Thanks for holding him off. We'll take it from here. Take this! Roulette!"

The man throws a bunch of dice on the ground. They roll around, before coming to a complete stop. A one, a four, a six, a five, and a two.

Mr. Sleepyhead "Aw crapbaskets!"

Janny "Ooh, not a single double. Unlucky."

The dice shoot off towards Mr. Sleepyhead, crashing into his forehead. He clonks over moments later.

Janny "...Well, I'm still here!"

Prattford "Wonderful. Then I will take you out once I'm finished with hi- hmm?"

By my side, Wendy stands defensively, wearing the copy of my suit. She keeps her eyes on Prattford, as she quietly speaks to me.

Wendy "I'm sorry about before. I should have been helping, but I left it all to you three. This time, you can rely on me. Not the other way around."

Logan "Th-Thank you."

Janny "Three on one, no way we'll lose!"

You decide against informing Janny that it had been three on one for a majority of the fight.
>>
No. 903865 ID: e3de4b

Okay Logan, whatever you do, don't die or get knocked out. If you do, I'm fairly certain we'd have no way of helping anyone. Now Janny is able to rotate small items 1 and a half meters away from her, by 180 degrees. So she probably can't rotate Pratford, unfortunately.

So here's my plan: Scream very loudly to try and stun him, he might try to drown you again to stop you, but if he does that, use that to your advantage and have Wendy and Janny go to town on him. If he keeps barreling towards you, then dodge, and go back to step one. It's got the highest success rate of all the plans I can think of, but it's also the riskiest.
>>
No. 907264 ID: e74ac8
File 153975736932.png - (256.35KB , 1500x1500 , 133.png )
907264

>>903784

>>903865
>Okay Logan, whatever you do, don't die or get knocked out. If you do, I'm fairly certain we'd have no way of helping anyone. Now Janny is able to rotate small items 1 and a half meters away from her, by 180 degrees. So she probably can't rotate Pratford, unfortunately.

>So here's my plan: Scream very loudly to try and stun him, he might try to drown you again to stop you, but if he does that, use that to your advantage and have Wendy and Janny go to town on him. If he keeps barreling towards you, then dodge, and go back to step one. It's got the highest success rate of all the plans I can think of, but it's also the riskiest.


I take a deep breath and let out a booming shout. Wendy covers her ears in advance, likely reading the idea as you presented it. Prattford was less prepared, and is late to bring his hands up. I charge forward, continuing to scream.

Prattford "N-Not gonna work!"

He shoots out a hand to command his water, tripping me onto the floor. My voice dies in my throat, as my head is submerged into one of his water spheres. I can feel Wendy run past me on my right.

I'm quickly released, and look up to see Wendy and Janny holding their own against Prattford. Janny is trying to knock him off his feet, as Wendy is throwing out a flurry of punches. Prattford is holding his own against them well, frustratingly enough. I stand up and run behind him, ready to push even more pressure onto him. Before I can close the gap between us, he yanks Janny into the air mid-punch and throws her in front of Wendy.

Wendy halts her assault, so as not to punch her companion. Prattford quickly builds a tower to stand on, causing me to punch into water. He sinks into it moments later.

Wendy "Duck!"

I duck without hesitation, just as Prattford shoots out of his tower. He begins spiraling water around himself again, wildly rushing through the air.

This is perfect. If I just shout now, he'll-

Wendy "It won't work."

Logan "Wh-What?"

Wendy "He isn't actually submerged in it this time. He left a gap between the water and himself. He's being cautious of you."

Logan "C-Crud."

The prince charges at us at full speed. Last time, I couldn't hold him back at all. Maybe with Wendy I could, but I'm not sure. If I'm going to do it, I need to decide now!

Stop him with Wendy and risk getting severely injured if we fail, or Dodge, and find a weakness to exploit?
>>
No. 907269 ID: 094652

He expects you to dodge! Risk it with Wendy!
>>
No. 907289 ID: e3de4b

Yeah, hitting him with full force seems like the best option. Depending on how wide the gap between Prattford and the water is, the water might be thinner and easier to get through. I think. I don't science good.

Now, Can you regulate all power of one of those exosuits to one limb? If so, I recommend both of you regulate all power to one arm, and punch him full force. Now that could potentially break em, so if you're concerned about that, just have Wendy do so. I don't think that the doppelganger card is permanent, so you wouldn't lose anything you wouldn't already. And if it is permanent, you could use the broken remains of it to upgrade your current one. This is all assuming, of course, that you can do that in the first place. If not, a normal punch from both of you would do nicely.

I can't really think of other ideas. Sorry.
>>
No. 907492 ID: 9876c4

He stuttered the first time. Clearly he's worried about something.

Wendy, are you sure you can't figure out what that is?
>>
No. 910582 ID: a664e3
File 154214490806.png - (624.33KB , 2000x1500 , 134.png )
910582

>>907264

>>907289
>Yeah, hitting him with full force seems like the best option. Depending on how wide the gap between Prattford and the water is, the water might be thinner and easier to get through. I think. I don't science good.

>Now, Can you regulate all power of one of those exosuits to one limb? If so, I recommend both of you regulate all power to one arm, and punch him full force. Now that could potentially break em, so if you're concerned about that, just have Wendy do so. I don't think that the doppelganger card is permanent, so you wouldn't lose anything you wouldn't already. And if it is permanent, you could use the broken remains of it to upgrade your current one. This is all assuming, of course, that you can do that in the first place. If not, a normal punch from both of you would do nicely.

>I can't really think of other ideas. Sorry.

>>907269
>He expects you to dodge! Risk it with Wendy!


I can't regulate my power like that, but I'll hold my ground anyways!

Wendy, you can read my thoughts. We need to do this together, or else we'll just get blown away.

I strengthen my stance. One leg in front, the other behind. Wendy positions herself similarly. We pull back our arms, waiting for the right timing.

Prattford doesn't alter his course at all. If anything, it feels like he speeds up.

This is it. If we can't get him here, we really won't be able to beat him. Our only other option will be to stall until someone else arrives to help.

This has to work! Everyone went along with this plan, so we need to make it work. If he beats us and escapes, then everyone in Towne, everyone who treated us with kindness and support would...

The moment arrives.

It only lasts an instant, but that singular instance stretches on for those involved.

Wendy and I launch our arms forward, building up as much force as we can. With open palms, we throw all of the force we can straight into the center of his water drill.

Gallons of water splash away, and our hands pass through. My own collides with something solid. The spiraling water slows at our counter, but I don't stop, pressing forward with everything I have.

Suddenly, it all stops. The water halts in mid-air, as Prattford is shot out the other end of his bubble. He soars through the room like a bullet, before crashing into the stone wall behind him. Ungracefully, he falls to the floor moments later.

There's a pause between Wendy and I, as we watch him carefully from a distance. The water's normal gravity returns, causing it to splash down against the ground. Wendy and I both share a look of hopeful uncertainty.

My legs feel like jelly as I walk towards him. Each step carries an expectation that he'll stand back up and start drowning me once again. He doesn't move as I get within arms reach. Carefully, I flip him onto his back...

Prince Gregory Prattford, the man who almost drowned us, was unconscious. Alive, but not awake.

Logan "H-He's- W-W-W-We knocked h-h-him-"

Janny "WE DID IT!"

I nearly pass out due to sheer joy. It was over. We beat him-

Wendy "We need to restrain him! Kaiji brought rope; Janny, please hurry and get them."

Janny "Yes mam!"

Wendy "Logan, alert everyone that Prattford is down. His guards are far less disciplined than the Queen's, and will likely disperse once they hear that they're leader's down."

Logan "Y-Yes mam!"

Right! It isn't over just yet, it's too early to celebrate. First, we need to get him out of here. I run towards the doors we entered from and take a deep breath.

Logan "PRATTFORD IS DOWN!!! HE IS UNCONSCIOUS IN B-TEAM'S SECTOR!!!"

My voice echoes throughout the room for a moment, before dying down. Now that Prattford is out, I turn my attention to my friends. I start with Gina, as she's the closest. She's shivering against the wall, drenched from Prattford's dousing of the fire.

Logan "G-Gina, are you alright?"

Gina "F-F-Fine. W-W-We got him. R-Right?"

I nod in response.

Gina "G-Good. C-C-Can I g-g-get a blanket?"

I scan the room for something that I can drape over her. When I see Ann still lying where Prattford attacked her, I grimace.

Logan "S-Sorry. I have to check something."

Gina "C-Cool. D-D-Do what you gotta do."

I run towards Ann, the metal of my exo-suit crashing loudly against the ground. I immediately lay a hand on her to make sure she's...

...She's alive. I breathe a sigh of relief, as I feel her body move from her breaths. She isn't visibly injured, but I'm pretty sure she hurt her arm, and that last hit also might have hurt her. You'll request that she be given medical attention when the others arrive.

Just a short distance off from her is her gun. Remembering Gina's request, I inspect it. No Fire Shots. I turn back to Ann.

I lift up her shirt EXACTLY AS MUCH AS IS NECESSARY AND NOT A MILLIMETER MORE to access her pouches, and dig around them until I can pull a few shots out. Returning to Gina, I fire them right at her. It's easier to aim at an unmoving target, and the flames engulf her.

Gina "Aaahhhhhhh... Thanks dude. And great job takin' out Pratthole."

Logan "Th-Thank you."

Suddenly, the sound of footsteps can be heard from the doorway. I turn towards it, and take a moment to think. Guards, or allies? Which is it? Wendy looks tense, so maybe she's having the same internal debate. Should I prepare an ambush?
>>
No. 910698 ID: 887a2a

...Huh. I didn’t expect that to actually work.

Now, if I were a diabolical evil mastermind like The Queen, I would send somebody with Pratford (most likely somebody stronger than him) to keep tabs on him, because this is Pratford we’re talking about, he’s a bit of an idiot. Although if that hypothetical somebody does exist, they probably would’ve interviened by now; instead of just showing up now, unless Pratford being overthrown would benefit the queen in some way, but the chances of that are kinda slim honestly. Therefore, I say hold off on making any combat plans or ambushes, but keep your guard up.
>>
No. 910727 ID: 2a13fa

Don't release your guard, but don't set up an ambush.
>>
No. 912948 ID: a664e3
File 154390937040.png - (209.62KB , 1500x1500 , 135.png )
912948

>>910582

>>910698
>...Huh. I didn’t expect that to actually work.

>Now, if I were a diabolical evil mastermind like The Queen, I would send somebody with Pratford (most likely somebody stronger than him) to keep tabs on him, because this is Pratford we’re talking about, he’s a bit of an idiot. Although if that hypothetical somebody does exist, they probably would’ve interviened by now; instead of just showing up now, unless Pratford being overthrown would benefit the queen in some way, but the chances of that are kinda slim honestly. Therefore, I say hold off on making any combat plans or ambushes, but keep your guard up.

>>910727
>Don't release your guard, but don't set up an ambush.


Right, I shouldn't let my guard down. I won't shout the moment they enter, but I'll be ready for whatever comes in.

The footsteps get louder and louder. I get close to the door, ready to hold back anyone that may enter.

Wendy "Oh no."

I turn to Wendy to see what she's worried about. She's nearly quaking in her shoes as she stares at the door.

Wendy "Logan, it's not one of Prattford's guards. It's just... him."

Before I get a chance to respond, the door is kicked open. I stare into a green and red flannel shirt, stained red.

Looking up, the creepy lumberjack man from the tavern stares down at me. The red liquid spilled all over his body doesn't seem to faze him at all.
>>
No. 912949 ID: a664e3
File 154390972777.png - (100.85KB , 1500x1500 , 136.png )
912949

>>912948


Logan "........."

I slowly back away, internally praying that he doesn't kill me. I know it isn't nice to judge people by appearances, but he terrifies me.

Wendy "Hello there... Um... H-Hey! Alan! Jink! You're back there too, right?"

Axe "..."

He reaches behind him, and lifts two people over his shoulder with only his right hand. He sets them in front of me. One's a blonde guy in a vest, who seems pretty jumpy. The other is an elvish looking girl, who's arms are bruised. Neither of them seem particularly thrilled about being lifted like luggage, but neither verbalizes a complaint to the scary man with an axe.

Wendy "You're okay, that's wonderful."

Alan "H-Hey, were you telling the truth? Is Prattford really-"

Jink "He's over there."

Jink points at the restrained prince, in a highly unenthused fashion. Alan stares at him, before laughing loudly.

Alan "Ha! Looks like you showed him. That guy's a friggin' joke, losin' to some kids, rotato, and pencil pusher. Prince of jack shit this guy is."

Jink "Sorry, we had to retreat after Robert went down. Alan was inconsolable."

Alan "That's not how I remember it."

Wendy "Actually-"

Alan "ANYWAYS! I should go check on Robert, make sure his memory stones didn't get too damaged."

He walks off towards the robot, leaving Jink in front of me.

Jink "...The young ones aren't here."

Logan "Th-They're okay."

Jink "Good... Orson is still dead, I see."

I look back to the now blue skinned man. Wendy wasn't able to get him up.

Jink "What about your partners?"

Logan "A-A-Ann and Gina are f-f-fine."

Jink "Okay... Are we waiting for the others?"

Wendy "We need Marvin for a clean transport to a cell. We don't want to risk taking him outside, since he could wake up, or we could be seen by some of his other guards."

Jink "I see... Look out, we're being watched."

She points towards the removed window. I look back and see a figure standing in it.

Wait... haven't I seen them somewhere before?

??? "Huh. The newbies actually nailed Prattford. Can't say it's totally unexpected, but you kids certainly caught me off guard."

They stare down at us from their elevated position. I can make out their mop of brown hair and blue hood in the pale green light of the moon.
>>
No. 912990 ID: 9876c4

At least he's on our side.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason