[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 908348)
Message
File []
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 20000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 3719 unique user posts. View catalog

File 154057832375.png - (4.09KB , 800x600 , 0.png )
908348 No. 908348 ID: 15a025

Previous Threads & Wiki:
https://tgchan.org/wiki/The_Herd

Discussion Thread: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/115339.html
Expand all images
>>
No. 908349 ID: 15a025
File 154057842863.png - (4.12KB , 800x600 , 1.png )
908349

Candy: "I-where?"

I look around and see I'm in my room. I guess I was just having a nightmare?
>>
No. 908350 ID: 15a025
File 154057844777.png - (4.02KB , 800x600 , 2.png )
908350

I start crawling back into bed I hear my sister yelling outside.

Sugar: "Come on you three, get up and ready to go already!"

So much for that. Sure doesn't feel like six in the morning.
>>
No. 908351 ID: 15a025
File 154057847304.png - (4.18KB , 800x600 , 3.png )
908351

I climb out of bed and throw my sweater on right away. It's a lot colder in here than I remember it being last night.
>>
No. 908352 ID: 15a025
File 154057855197.png - (4.21KB , 800x600 , 4.png )
908352

I go to pull out my suitcase and grab my brush. My mini-shave with the knife last night has my wool all messed-

Sugar: "Candy, get out here before I drag you out here."

Candy: "Can it, I'm up and getting ready!"

I dig out my pack of cigarettes and pop one out. I can already tell it's going to be one of those days.
Candy: "Come on, light already!"

I look down and realize I'm trying to light my cigarette with a brush.

Wait, why do I still have these anyway? I haven't smoked since I got here.
>>
No. 908353 ID: 15a025
File 154057856947.png - (4.08KB , 800x600 , 5.png )
908353

I decide it's time to mentally move on from my pack a week limit and start ditching this all together. I toss the whole pack into my trash bin. I'm too broke to keep smoking anyway.
>>
No. 908354 ID: 15a025
File 154057858802.png - (4.27KB , 800x600 , 6.png )
908354

Alright, I need to get ready for work here. I grab my cell phone, police camera, the radio microphone recorder thing, my pocket knife, and the gun out of the nightstand. I double check the safety's still on, and it is.
>>
No. 908356 ID: 15a025
File 154057861484.png - (5.91KB , 800x600 , 7.png )
908356

Walking out to the main hall, I met up with Marsh and Sharcole.
Candy: "Morning."

Sharcole: "Morning..."

Marsh: "Yeah, morning."

They both sound as tired as they look.
>>
No. 908357 ID: 5fa661

First order of business: COFFEE
>>
No. 908359 ID: 91ee5f

>>908349
>nightmare
What were you dreaming about?

>>908352
Yeah, why do you still have those cigarettes?

>>908356
Ok, breakfast time! Then stop for coffee, if you’ve got time.

Then get to the candy shop and hope that you don’t have to deal with too many “special customers”!

Ugh, I can already tell today’s gonna be a pain in the ass. -_-;;
>>
No. 908853 ID: 15a025
File 154087494186.png - (5.80KB , 800x600 , 8.png )
908853

>What were you dreaming about?
I've kind of forgotten it already. I just remember I did something, and something happened?

>First order of business: COFFEE
>Ok, breakfast time! Then stop for coffee, if you’ve got time.
I'm not big on coffee, but wouldn't mind the extra caffeine to wake me up here.

Candy: "Do Sugar ever get another coffee maker?"

Marsh: "Sugar! Coffee!"

Sugar: "Make it yourself, and hurry up!"

Marsh: "Guess she did. Mind if we make this breakfast to go? I-"

Candy: "No problem."
>>
No. 908854 ID: 15a025
File 154087496804.png - (5.27KB , 800x600 , 9.png )
908854

Marsh has us wait in the dining room for a second while she makes breakfast. Sharcole uses the time as an opportunity to rest her eyes a little.
>>
No. 908856 ID: 15a025
File 154087503319.png - (4.43KB , 800x600 , 10.png )
908856

With breakfast and coffee made, we hit the road.

Marsh: "Sorry Sharcole, no caffeine. Get the feeling it'd mess with your insomnia even more."

Sharcole: "It's cold though."

Marsh: "Don't you have a sweater or something to wear?"

Sharcole: "No..."

Marsh: "I'm buying you one after Roxie and I finish unloading this month's shipment. What size you wear?"
Sharcole: "Marsh, no. You don't need to do that."

Marsh: "That's not stopping me. Now what size do you wear?"

She lets out a sigh.
Sharcole "A medium size."

Marsh: "That's better."

Candy: "So, what are you and Roxie un-loading today?"

Marsh: "Uh... let's just say special alcohol and leave it at that."

Candy: "It's spiked or something, isn't it."

Marsh: "No, not that kind of special. It's uh... not from here."

Candy: "Marsh, imported alcohol isn't all that special. Well, other than usually crazy prices."

Marsh: "It is if you're importing it like your sister."

I just finish my toast and zone out to radio for awhile. I turn it down a few notches in case Sharcole wants to try a get in a quick nap.
>>
No. 908857 ID: 15a025
File 154087508274.png - (5.83KB , 800x600 , 11.png )
908857

As soon as we get to the store and open up, two people come in.
Lama?: "After you miss."

Maple: "Oh why thank you!"

Sharcole: "Maple? You're in here early today. Aren't you supposed to be teaching?"

Maple: "No classes today, there's a teacher's workshop today."

Candy: "Shouldn't you be there then?"

Maple: "I'm on my way there actually. I need to pick up some treats for everyone though!"

Lama?: "I'm also hear to pick up some treats too."

Sharcole sighs and pulls out a list while whispering to me.
Sharcole: "Candy, can you keep Maple busy and distracted while I take care of this?"
>>
No. 908858 ID: 094652

Remember to double-check the candies so you don't smack a schoolbus.
>>
No. 908901 ID: 91ee5f

>>908857
You didn’t forget to take that gun outta your pocket and leave it behind the counter, did you?

>”Candy, can you keep Maple busy and distracted while I take care of this?"
I guess the best way to distract Maple is to ask what she’s looking for and lead her away from the counter to go look for it.

Unless what she’s looking for is at the counter. Then I’ve got no clue what to do.
>>
No. 909185 ID: 891b91

>>908901
I agree with leading her away from the counter. You could show her the different products you have on sale, assuming that there are shelves away from the counter itself.

Keeping her occupied with questions would help, too. Ask her how many people she's buying for, what their preferences are, whether anyone present might have allergies, how much she's willing to spend, etc.
>>
No. 909223 ID: 15a025
File 154113700280.png - (5.66KB , 800x600 , 12.png )
909223

>You didn’t forget to take that gun outta your pocket and leave it behind the counter, did you?
It's there stashed away now.

>I guess the best way to distract Maple is to ask what she’s looking for and lead her away from the counter to go look for it.

Candy: "Why don't you come with me and we'll look at some candy then. Anything you had in mind?"

Maple: "I was thinking about maybe grabbing a box of those thunder shots actually."

>Unless what she’s looking for is at the counter. Then I’ve got no clue what to do.
Candy: "You do know those have alcohol in them right? Can you even bring tho-"

Maple: "I'm just teasing. Some of the teachers can't even eat chocolate."

Candy: "Noted."
>>
No. 909224 ID: 15a025
File 154113709658.png - (6.35KB , 800x600 , 13.png )
909224

I take Maple over to one of the candy shelves off to the side. Thinking about it, this is a pretty small candy store.
Candy: "So is it a flat out no on the chocolate, or can you get some as long as you can something the others can eat too?"

Maple: "As long as I bring a little something for everyone, chocolates are fine."

>Ask her how many people she's buying for, what their preferences are, whether anyone present might have allergies, how much she's willing to spend, etc.
Candy: "Any other allergies to watch out for?"

Maple: "Just the chocolate."

Candy: "Hmm, what's everyone like?"

Maple: "They're pretty pleasant to work with."

Candy: "I meant, what kind of candy do they like?"

Maple: "I don't think anyone's too picky when it comes to sweets. I think they'd like anything here in the store."

Candy: "How about you? Anything you're looking for?"

Maple: "I like my candy a little different or goofy."

Candy: "Like novelty candy?"

Maple: "Yeah! Like those tiny candy dispensers or something with a flavor you wouldn't really expect."

I look around at the shelves again and see there's certainly some odd candy laying around the shelves. There's three things that catch my eye right off the bat. Edible chocolate cups, some Halloween cotton candy that looks like a witch's broom, and some Christmas Tree gum dispensers.

Candy: "What's your budget like?"

Maple: "I got twenty dollars to spend and a half hour before I need to be there."

I see the box of cotton candy is only five dollars for fifteen sticks. I go to grab-
>>
No. 909225 ID: 15a025
File 154113712026.png - (5.65KB , 800x600 , 14.png )
909225

I hear something like a tin fall on the floor over by the counter and my heart stops for a second. I turn around and brace myself, when thankfully it's just an empty box and some tins of breath mints on the floor.
>>
No. 909226 ID: 15a025
File 154113723926.png - (5.60KB , 800x600 , 15.png )
909226

Sharcole: "Oh noo! I'm so sorry."

Lama: "It's fine, you can still go back and grab some more."

Sharcole: "It didn't break open and spill all over did it?"

Lama: "Huh, oh no don't worry about that. I thought you were apologizing for forgetting the other tins."

Sharcole: "What other tins?"

Lama: "I ordered five tins, and you've only brought out three."

Sharcole: "I... hang on."

She pulls out a list.

Sharcole: "I'm sorry, misread the sheet. Sugar's writing isn't very good."

Lama: "Ah yes. Those darn three's and five's can be a real bugger to tell apart sometimes."

Maple: "Oh tell me about. I teach and sometimes I need to break out a magnifying glass help me grade homework."


Oh shoot, she's walking over to the counter to talk with the lama guy!
>>
No. 909227 ID: 094652

Keep calm, just casually hide anything incriminating with your body. No sudden movements, no awkward poses, just do your best to act casual, and if she sees anything act like you don't know either. Even an undercover agent can't just arrest someone for seeing suspicious candy-shaped items in a candy shop.
>>
No. 909251 ID: 91ee5f

>>909225
If that’s a one of Sugar’s special customers, you know that’s not what those are!

>>909226
>Oh shoot, she's walking over to the counter to talk with the lama guy!
Just quickly and calmly walk past Maple and scoop everything back into the tin and set it back on the counter.

Then tell Maple about the Edible chocolate cups, the Halloween cotton candy that looks like a witch's broom, and the Christmas Tree gum dispensers you saw over there, and ask if any of those would interest her?

If she gives you a weird look or something, just explain that she told you that she’s only got 30 minutes and you don’t know how long it’ll take for her to get there from here, so you were trying to help her not be late! That should hopefully get her back on track and away from the lama guy!
>>
No. 909432 ID: 15a025
File 154129286075.png - (5.70KB , 800x600 , 16.png )
909432

>Keep calm, just casually hide anything incriminating with your body. No sudden movements, no awkward poses, just do your best to act casual, and if she sees anything act like you don't know either. Even an undercover agent can't just arrest someone for seeing suspicious candy-shaped items in a candy shop.
>Just quickly and calmly walk past Maple and scoop everything back into the tin and set it back on the counter.
Candy: "Here, let me grab that for you."

I power walk over and swoop the dropped breath mint-
>If that’s a one of Sugar’s special customers, you know that’s not what those are!
I might slip up if I stop calling them breath mints!
I give the Lama his box.

Lama: "Thanks. Care for one for the trouble?"

Candy: "Oh, uh.. no thanks."

Lama: "How about you then miss?"

Maple: "Oh no, I'm fine. Thank you though!"

I need to hurry up and get Maple out of here before something else happens.
>>
No. 909433 ID: 15a025
File 154129288835.png - (6.43KB , 800x600 , 17.png )
909433

>Then tell Maple about the [candy] you saw over there, and ask if any of those would interest her?
Candy: "So Maple I saw some things that might interest you back over on the shelves."

Maple: "What'cha got?"

We walk back over there and I show her what I found. Grabbing a smaller box of cotton candy since it's easier to carry and show off.

Maple: "Oh that cotton candy is too cute! I'll take two of the big boxes of those. Then, it's a little early for Christmas, but I think I'll take this gum dispenser too."
>>
No. 909434 ID: 15a025
File 154129291907.png - (5.64KB , 800x600 , 18.png )
909434

I grab what she wants and rush it over to the counter.

Lama: "Heh. You and Sharcole should swap places."

I just ignore him and type in the prices. Maple comes up and pays for her stuff.

Maple: "Thanks again Candy!"

Candy: "Let me know how everyone likes it next time you come in!"
>>
No. 909435 ID: 15a025
File 154129295512.png - (5.39KB , 800x600 , 19.png )
909435

After Maple leaves, Sharcole comes out with two more tins of breath mints.

Sharcole: "Sorry for the wait Knits. She had them buried and mix-"

He takes them from her and leaves without a word.
>>
No. 909436 ID: 15a025
File 154129298766.png - (6.12KB , 800x600 , 20.png )
909436

Or at least he was leaving till that one jerk pushes him back in.
Rude Customer: "And where do you think you're going with those?"

Knits: "Home to enjoy some breath mints."

Rude Customer: "Nah, hand those over."

Knits: "Like you can make me. Now get out of-"

He pulls out a knife! I see something else flash by it, but I can't tell what from here.
>>
No. 909438 ID: 15a025
File 154129303924.png - (6.21KB , 800x600 , 21.png )
909438

He drops his candy to the floor.

Knits: "Cute. Mine's longer though. You really want to do this?"

Is...he's just carrying a kitchen knife with him!
Rude Customer: "Yeah, mine's magic."

Alright, I'm putting end to this measuring con-
>>
No. 909439 ID: 15a025
File 154129306037.png - (6.23KB , 800x600 , 22.png )
909439

He flashes a purple stone in the handle of his knife.
>>
No. 909450 ID: 891b91

Grab the handgun and point it at the guy with the cursed knife. (Make sure the safety is off, in case you have to actually fire the thing.) Tell him that you'll shoot if he doesn't drop the knife immediately. Once he's done that, tell him to scram and never come back.

If he refuses then, well, try to shoot the knife out of his hand.
>>
No. 909463 ID: 91ee5f

>>909439
Memorize his physical description. You can tell the cops about him later.

Tell them, “Hey! Did you guys know that the cops sometimes show up to buy candy? Do either of you want to risk a cop showing up right now to buy candy, but instead they catch you guys waving your knives at each other like a couple of idiots? If not, I suggest you beat it!”

If that doesn’t work, pull out the gun, aim it at them, and tell them, “Take it outside or take a bullet in your sides. Your choice.”

>>909450
>If he refuses then, well, try to shoot the knife out of his hand.
There is no way Candy can do that without missing entirely or shooting one of those guys!
>>
No. 909561 ID: 891b91

>>909463
>There is no way Candy can do that without missing entirely or shooting one of those guys!
Yeah, good point. Best to aim for the center of mass, if it comes down to that. Anyway, I like your idea of warning them about the cops better than my suggestion, so let's go with that first.

If we tell the cops about this guy, we'll need to be careful about how we do it, what with this being related to your sister's illicit enterprise and all.
>>
No. 909614 ID: 15a025
File 154137412982.png - (5.81KB , 800x600 , 23.png )
909614

>Memorize his physical description. You can tell the cops about him later.
>If we tell the cops about this guy, we'll need to be careful about how we do it, what with this being related to your sister's illicit enterprise and all.
Hopefully scrawny grey cats with brown jacket and a tie is descriptive enough. Maybe I can give Officer Nibbles an "anonymous" tip on him, or ask her not to mention me if anything does come up.

>Grab the handgun and point it at the guy with the cursed knife. (Make sure the safety is off, in case you have to actually fire the thing.) Tell him that you'll shoot if he doesn't drop the knife immediately. Once he's done that, tell him to scram and never come back.
I need to focus on what's going on now though, not later!
Candy: "Alright, drop the knife now before I shoot!"

Cat: "No, you drop the gun before I shoot!"

I'm not sure if he's bluffing or what, but I'm not seeing his knife glow or anything.

>If he refuses then, well, try to shoot the knife out of his hand.
>There is no way Candy can do that without missing entirely or shooting one of those guys!
Thanks for the confidence boost.

>aim for the center of mass, if it comes down to that.
Shooting the knife is going to be hard, and probably end up shattering our door anyway. I just aim for his chest or arm and hope for the best.
>>
No. 909615 ID: 15a025
File 154137424983.png - (6.24KB , 800x600 , 24.png )
909615

I pull the trigger and get a little lucky. I got him right in the arm! His knife falls down to the ground, shortly followed by him as well.

Cat: "Lucky shot."

Knits just rolls his eyes.

Knits: "Unless you two ladies want help with cleaning this mess up, I'll be taking my goods and leaving, okay?"
>>
No. 909639 ID: 094652

Tell Knits to kick the knife away and pin him down until you can get him restrained. Otherwise, the cops will think he's one of the robbers.
>>
No. 909909 ID: 15a025
File 154162696378.png - (5.96KB , 800x600 , 25.png )
909909

>Tell Knits to kick the knife away and pin him down until you can get him restrained.
Candy: "Thanks, we could use the help. Kick that knife away so he can't grab it, then pin him down for us."

Knits: "Long as you'll throw in a word for me about some store credit."

Sharcole: "I'll mention you helped out when I tell Sugar about this."

He kicks the knife across the floor and knocks the cat on to his side.
Knits: "Got any rope, or am I taking out the trash?"

Cat: "You-"

He stomps down on the cat.

>Otherwise, the cops will think he's one of the robbers.
Wait, you want me to call the cops now? If I call Officer Nibbles to come to the store, she's definitely going to smell what's in the back room when she gets here. I don't think throwing the blame on the chocolates and some cigarette smoke is going to be enough to wave off her suspicions this time.
>>
No. 909910 ID: 91ee5f

>>909909
Nope, don’t call the cops, Knits will stop helping and run for it. And don’t bother tying up the cat. Where would we put him anyways?

Knits can have his store credit, just let him handle taking out the trash! No need to get anymore involved than you already have.
>>
No. 909911 ID: 094652

"Transact" with the robber; take his knife and valuables, give him a tiny box of 'candy', then dump his ass out in the middle of nowhere. If he comes back, it had better be with a small army and a fist full of cash.
>>
No. 909913 ID: b1b4f3

Tell her to please not kill him, you weren't planning to become accessory to murder today.

We can easily call the cops provided she leaves first or does something like put the drugs in her car. So far we are in the right, legally, and the cops won't investigate the shop or the mugging victim without probable cause. I kindof doubt that he's going to start screaming about drugs because that'll just get HIM in even more trouble. Even if he does, well... is there a place you can stash the goods so that the cops don't find it from a cursory search?
>>
No. 909965 ID: 891b91

Yeah, grab his knife and boot his ass out. Calling the cops seems like a bad idea, what with Officer Nibbles' superior sniffer and all. We can figure out what to do with the knife later, but try not to get your... hoofprints? on it, in case you end up turning it in to the cops.

I considered trying to bargain with the guy to find out where he got the knife, but I can't think of a way to guarantee he both tells the truth and doesn't run off to warn whoever sold it to him.

>>909913
To be fair, if Officer Nibbles walks into the shop and smells illicit drugs, that alone probably amounts to probable cause.

Man, this whole illicit drug business thing really meshes poorly with the whole "being friends with a cop" thing. If only there was some way to get Sugar to quit the biz.
>>
No. 909980 ID: 15a025
File 154170794613.png - (5.32KB , 800x600 , 26.png )
909980

>Nope, don’t call the cops, Knits will stop helping and run for it. And don’t bother tying up the cat. Where would we put him anyways?
>Knits can have his store credit, just let him handle taking out the trash! No need to get any more involved than you already have.
Candy: "Yeah, take him out of here."

>Tell him to please not kill him, you weren't planning to become accessory to murder today.
>"Transact" with the robber; take his knife and valuables, give him a tiny box of 'candy', then dump his ass out in the middle of nowhere.
I'm not going to take all his stuff, that's kind of stooping down to his level. However...

Candy: "Before that , search him. We're going to make a little transaction. Give me his knife and any cash he's got Sharcole, can you go dig out the smallest thing of 'candy' in the back?"

Sharcole: "Uh... what for?"

Candy: "We're not taking his money without giving him something in return."

Sharcole: "I guess I'll go check."
>>
No. 909981 ID: 15a025
File 154170798824.png - (5.28KB , 800x600 , 27.png )
909981

Knits: "How generous of you."

Candy: "Yeah, just to make it clear. Don't kill him."

Knits: "Didn't plan on it anyway. If he's got an enchanted knife, I don't want those kind of connections coming after me for killing their buddy. I'll dump him off out of town or by the highway or something. That fine?"

Candy: "Yeah, I guess."

He pulls out the cats wallet and tosses it up to the counter. I look inside and there's twenty bucks. It's not a lot of cash, but it's more than I've got to my name. Especially considering I'm kind of in debt to Marsh right now.
>>
No. 909982 ID: 15a025
File 154170803319.png - (5.25KB , 800x600 , 28.png )
909982

Next, Knits goes to pick up the knife, but leaves it on the ground.
Knits: "On second thought, I'm not touching that thing. I don't know a lot about enchantments but I'm pretty sure that thing is cursed. Don't think I'm taking the chance to find out either."

>We can figure out what to do with the knife later, but try not to get your... hoofprints? on it, in case you end up turning it in to the cops.
One of the few advantages to having hooves. They don't leave prints or evidence. Well, other than a trail in the snow or dirt.

Candy: "Not sure what I'm going to do about that knife either then. If it's cursed, I can't leave it just sitting on the ground."

Knits: "Or the blood by your door."

Oh yeah, there's that too.
Candy: "Sharcole, is there a bucket and mop in there?"

Sharcole: "Yeah!"
>>
No. 909983 ID: 15a025
File 154170811870.png - (5.23KB , 800x600 , 29.png )
909983

He gets back up.
Knits: "Alright, after I ditch him somewhere I'll see if I can't get one of the church people to come collect that knife."

Candy: "Why would a church be collecting cursed stuff?"

Knits: "So they can destroy it or something? I don't exactly know."
>>
No. 909984 ID: 15a025
File 154170817709.png - (4.95KB , 800x600 , 30.png )
909984

Sharcole comes back out with a tiny tin of breath mints and we give it to the cat, along with his emptied wallet. With that, Knit's takes his leave along with our "trash".

Sharcole: "Here you go Candy."

She hands me a bucket and a mop.
Candy: "Where'd the water come from?"

Sharcole: "We got jugs of water for cleaning up in the back."
>>
No. 909985 ID: 15a025
File 154170821115.png - (6.05KB , 800x600 , 31.png )
909985

I head over to the door and get cleaning when someone knocks on the door.

???: "Hey, mind moving out of the way and letting me in? I'm here to pick up my order."
>>
No. 909987 ID: b1b4f3

>>909985
Warn her about the wet floor and- wait a minute, she looks like that guy who just got shot.

Tell her to wait. You gotta finish mopping and put a wet floor sign here. Then get back behind the counter.
>>
No. 909990 ID: 891b91

>>909987
Warning about the wet floor and asking her(?) to wait while you finish is a good idea.

Ask for her name so that Sharcole can double-check that there’s actually an order waiting for her.
>>
No. 910145 ID: 91ee5f

>>909985
Tell them to be careful of the cursed object on the floor and tell them not to touch it! Someone from the church is currently being sent over to remove it.
>>
No. 910153 ID: 15a025
File 154182774066.png - (5.98KB , 800x600 , 32.png )
910153

>Tell her to wait. You gotta finish mopping and put a wet floor sign here. Then get back behind the counter.
>Ask for her name so that Sharcole can double-check that there’s actually an order waiting for her.
Candy: "You'll have to wait for me to finish mopping up and put the wet floor sign out."

???: "Oh, what happened? Did I miss the fun?"

Candy: "Yeah, you missed someone tripping on the floor and getting a nose bleed. Real fun."

I roll my eyes for added effect.

???: "How'd blood get on the door then?"

Candy: "Their face hit it on the way down."

>Ask for her name so that Sharcole can double-check that there’s actually an order waiting for her.
Candy: "How about giving me your name?"

???: "Should have me down as Slugger."

Candy: "Sharcole, someone by the name 'Slugger' is here to get their order!"

Sharcole: "Uh... which one?"

There's more than one?
Candy: "Cat lady?"

Sharcole: "Oh, alright!"

Candy: "Grab me a wet floor sign too!"

Sharcole: "Yep!"

I finish mopping up the floor and let her in.

Candy: "Yeah, careful not to slip. The floors wet."

Slugger: "I'd just land on my feet anyway."

>Tell them to be careful of the cursed object on the floor and tell them not to touch it!
Candy: "Also careful not to touch that knife on the ground, it's cursed."

Slugger: "I almost want to pick it up now, but getting cursed ain't worth it."
>>
No. 910154 ID: 15a025
File 154182776743.png - (5.20KB , 800x600 , 33.png )
910154

As she turns around to the counter I see the end of her tail is bent up and looks broken in several places.
Candy: "Is your tail-"

Slugger: "Broken? Yeah. Some other gang in town thought it'd be real funny to run it over. I thought slashing their tires was funnier personally."

I can't tell if she's trying to brag or telling me to back off, so I keep quite till Sharcole gets back with her order.
>>
No. 910155 ID: 15a025
File 154182781808.png - (5.21KB , 800x600 , 34.png )
910155

Sharcole: "Here you go Slugger. Your candy cigarettes."

Slugger: "Thanks Sharcole. Hey, what's this I hear about a party last night?"

Sharcole: "A party?"

Slugger: "Yeah, apparently there was quite the noise over at your apartment complex last night. Something about an evacuation or some religious nut."

Sharcole: "I wouldn't know, I was uh... staying with someone else last night. Wait, did you say evacuation?"

Slugger: "Yeah, not sure what was up. Thought you'd know?"
>>
No. 910173 ID: 91ee5f

>>910155
I’m guessing that might have something to do with that cultist guy that said he’d be returning at midnight. You told Officer Nibbles about him and that guy that could knock out the power with his guitar and she said she’d send someone to look into it, so I think the officer that was sent saw something and called in backup.

Of course, you can’t mention any of that, so it would be best to ask if it had something to do with the constant blackouts in the building? Sharcole can confirm that was happening a lot and would also agree that might be what caused the evacuation.
>>
No. 910174 ID: b1b4f3

>>910173
Yeah, seems reasonable. Ask if it was related to the blackouts.
>>
No. 910353 ID: 15a025
File 154199014523.png - (5.20KB , 800x600 , 35.png )
910353

>I’m guessing that might have something to do with that cultist guy that said he’d be returning at midnight.
Wouldn't doubt it.

>it would be best to ask if it had something to do with the constant blackouts in the building? Sharcole can confirm that was happening a lot and would also agree that might be what caused the evacuation.
>Yeah, seems reasonable. Ask if it was related to the blackouts.
Candy: "Maybe it had something to do with the blackouts going on?"

Sharcole: "Oh yeah, the power was going out a couple of times."

Slugger: "I thought you said you weren't home."

Sharcole: "I was home for a little bit. Marsh was over and after a little-"

Slugger: "Anyway, why would they evacuate the place over a power outage?"

Candy: "Maybe the source of the power outage was something dangerous? Could have been a generator going bad."

Slugger: "Eh, whatever it was, apparently it was something alright. Everyone over there is keeping quiet about it. Thanks for telling me at least something."

Sharcole: "Why did you want to know anyway Slugger?"

Slugger: "I like to keep up on what's going on around town. Speaking of keeping up with things, I gotta get going. Practice is in an hour."

Candy: "Practice?"

Sharcole: "She's on one of the un-official baseball teams."

Candy: "There's a scene for baseball here?"

Slugger: "You just blow into town or something? Sure it's not easy to play in the freezing cold but that doesn't stop the sports nuts around here. Anyway, I gotta get going."
>>
No. 910354 ID: 15a025
File 154199015867.png - (5.36KB , 800x600 , 36.png )
910354

She's snatches her stuff off the counter and runs off with it.
>>
No. 910355 ID: 15a025
File 154199018316.png - (5.71KB , 800x600 , 37.png )
910355

After Slugger leaves, the store's pretty quiet. I almost end up dozing off with Sharcole on the counter watching the door. I nearly jump out of my wool when I hear it open and a robed figure comes in.

???: "Do not be alarmed. I am here on behalf of the church. We received an anonymous call saying you have un-holy goods you need disposing of. Is this true?"

Candy: "Yeah, there's a cursed knife on the ground over there."
>>
No. 910356 ID: 15a025
File 154199023287.png - (5.45KB , 800x600 , 38.png )
910356

She picks it up and examine it for a moment.
???: "Is there more than one knife here?"

Candy: "Why?"

???: "This knife isn't cursed, or enchanted?"

They pull the stone out of the hilt with no effort.
???: "This is just a purple marble."

Candy: "Seriously?"

???: "May I ask what led you to believe it was cursed? There's been a lot of false reports like this lately. "
>>
No. 910357 ID: 094652

"Someone came in and threatened to 'stab the concept of numbers out of our eyes' (his words, not mine) if we didn't get him some chocolate mints. I offered him all the money in the register. Then he flung the money off the counter and demanded mints. Eventually he passed out and seemed harmless, we figured he was possessed by the knife or something."
>>
No. 910359 ID: b1b4f3

The "flash" of the stone was just him catching it in the light, then?
Tell her some jackass tried to rob a customer with it, claiming it was enchanted, and you know that color is associated with curses.
>>
No. 910367 ID: 891b91

>>910359
Seconding this.

I don't think we should make up a story behind it, though, or at least we shouldn't offer it up unprompted. It seems like the kind of thing that might just bite us in the ass.
>>
No. 910375 ID: a9af05

>>910359
Yeah, say this.
>>
No. 910438 ID: 15a025
File 154206318672.png - (5.44KB , 800x600 , 39.png )
910438

>The "flash" of the stone was just him catching it in the light, then?
It must have. Kind of an odd angle for that though? It was pointed right at me.

>Tell her some jackass tried to rob a customer with it, claiming it was enchanted, and you know that color is associated with curses.
Candy: "Someone came in here and tried to rob another customer with. He said it was enchanted, and seeing the purple stone I assumed it was cursed."

???: "I see. I better bring this over to the authorit-"

A scream for help cuts her off.

Sharcole: "Tulip?"

???: "A friend of yours?"

Sharcole: "I'm almost positive that was her."
>>
No. 910439 ID: 15a025
File 154206322494.png - (5.40KB , 800x600 , 40.png )
910439

???: "I'll go check it out then. You two- hold on. Sheep with the earring. You have guide spirits?"

Candy: "Hold it, how do you know that?"

Sharcole: "Guide spirits?

???: "I can sense them."

Candy: "Why do you ask?"

???: "I wish to connect to them. The extra help would be appreciated."

Candy: "What does connecting involve?"

???: "It'd allow me to communicate with your guides, and vice versa. We'd also be able to communicate telepathically."

I feel like she might be leaving out some details, but I don't have time to spare arguing here.

Candy: "Just don't try anything funny."
>>
No. 910440 ID: 15a025
File 154206324712.png - (4.15KB , 800x600 , 41.png )
910440

She starts whispering something, but it doesn't seem like anything happens.
>>
No. 910441 ID: 15a025
File 154206327250.png - (5.41KB , 800x600 , 42.png )
910441

???: "Can you hear my thoughts?"

Candy: "That's going to take some getting used to!"

Candy: "That's going to take some getting used to!"

Sharcole: "Candy, what's going on?"

???: "Please don't yell. Spirits, can you hear me?"
>>
No. 910443 ID: 891b91

Wait, so now we get to talk to two cute ladies? This whole "disembodied spirit" gig is getting better and better!
>>
No. 910448 ID: 9a9e0c

Butts.
>>
No. 910456 ID: b1b4f3

>>910441
Hello. The marble looked like it flashed when the robber showed it off... what could have done that? Is it possible someone swapped the gem without anyone in the shop noticing?

Anyway we should check on that scream.
>>
No. 910457 ID: 91ee5f

>>910441
>"Please don't yell. Spirits, can you hear me?"
Yes, we can hear you. Hand on a second.

Candy, tell Sharcole that magic is happening and you’ll explain later. Now, since this nice church lady says she would like for us to help her, we’re going to go with her and try to help her. Just keep doing what you’ve been doing and help customers get their candy. And don’t stand there all spaced out focusing on the telepathic conversation that’s going on. We’ll be back as soon as possible.

Ok, church lady, we’re ready when you are. Let’s get going!
>>
No. 910458 ID: 40197f

Hello! Yes, we hear you. Quick! What is your name!?
>>
No. 910792 ID: 15a025
File 154230144519.png - (5.55KB , 800x600 , 43.png )
910792

>Yes, we can hear you.
>Hello! Yes, we hear you. Quick! What is your name!?
???: "Ah, good. You may call me Sister Relina. Just Relina is also fine."

>Wait, so now we get to talk to two cute ladies? This whole "disembodied spirit" gig is getting better and better!
Relina: "I uh... thanks for the compliment?

>Candy, tell Sharcole that magic is happening and you’ll explain later. Now, since this nice church lady says she would like for us to help her, we’re going to go with her and try to help her.
Candy: "One moment."

Candy: "Sharcole, I hate leaving you hanging like this. I'll explain the magic stuff later when I get back."

Sharcole: "You're going with her?"

Candy: "Yeah. Can you handle things here by yourself for a bit?"

Sharcole: "I'll try. Don't be gone too long though!"

Candy: "I'll try to hurry back."
>>
No. 910793 ID: 15a025
File 154230149919.png - (5.44KB , 800x600 , 44.png )
910793

>we should check on that scream.
>Ok, church lady, we’re ready when you are. Let’s get going!
We run outside the store and follow repeated screams for help down to an alley way.
Relina: "Be careful, I can sense the presence of a cursed soul down there."

Candy: "It must be one of those cultists."

Candy: "It must be one of those cultists."

Relina: "Shh, someone's talking!"

???: "Maybe we can use her for ransom instead?"

Tulip?: "I...I'd be fine with that?"

???2: "No one asked you!"

I hear her cry out in pain.
Tulip?: "Please, someone!"

???2: "Quit wasting your breath. No-one can hear you with this sound barrier up."

Relina: "They think there's a sound barrier up? The only light enchantment I feel is the one I'm using to connect to you?"

Candy: "What about cursed enchantments?"

Relina: "I'm not sure. I can only feel someone here is cursed."
>>
No. 910799 ID: 91ee5f

>>910793
It sounds like there’s at least 2 attackers back there.

>”Quit wasting your breath. No-one can hear you with this sound barrier up."
>”They think there's a sound barrier up? The only light enchantment I feel is the one I'm using to connect to you?"
I mean, it makes sense that someone that’s cursed can’t use light magic, since they’re pretty much opposites of each other.

Or maybe they think they have a light enchantment stone, only it’s like the knife from earlier, a fake that’s actually a marble, but they’ve been told it’s real?

Whatever is going on, we need to stop it somehow. Relina, do you have any other spells that could help right now?
>>
No. 911022 ID: 15a025
File 154249055697.png - (5.32KB , 800x600 , 45.png )
911022

>Whatever is going on, we need to stop it somehow. Relina, do you have any other spells that could help right now?
Candy: "Relina, what other magic do you have that could help?"

Relina: "If they've got anything cursed, I'm able to destroy it with light magic. I'm also able to throw orbs of light, though they're not very effective against those who aren't cursed. Do you have anything to help with the other?"

Candy: "Gun? Yeah I got my gun. Should I tell her- oh."

Relina: "You have a gun!"

[i]Candy: "I, never mind that for now! What's our plan?"


Relina: "We've got them pinned in the alley here and they don't seem to know we're here. Past that, I can't think of much other than jump out and hope we can hit them before they hit us?"
>>
No. 911036 ID: 91ee5f

>>911022
>orbs of light, not very effective against things not cursed
Then it’s a good thing someone over there is cursed, because that’s going to be very effective!

>gun
I thought you left that behind the counter? Because if you did, then all you have right now is a knife.

Well, I think we should sneak as close as possible and then jump out at them before they do anything to whoever they’re holding hostage!
>>
No. 911107 ID: 15a025
File 154257693996.png - (5.33KB , 800x600 , 46.png )
911107

>Then it’s a good thing someone over there is cursed, because that’s going to be very effective!
Relina: "It should take care of the person who's cursed. I'm going to have trouble handling the other."

Candy: "I'm sure a gun could do some persuading."

Relina: "Please don't shoot them unless you have to!"

>I think we should sneak as close as possible and then jump out at them before they do anything to whoever they’re holding hostage!
Relina: "I'll charge up an orb. When I finish the prayer, we go!"

[i]Candy: "A prayer?Uh, alright?"


I hear Relina whispering her prayer and the ball of light she's holding is a bit bigger. Once she's done, we jump into the alley way!
>>
No. 911108 ID: 15a025
File 154257696420.png - (4.15KB , 800x600 , 47.png )
911108

Relina: "Be gone sinner!"

She whips the ball of light at the purple cultist and lands a direct hit on them.
>>
No. 911109 ID: 15a025
File 154257698413.png - (6.23KB , 800x600 , 48.png )
911109

???2: "Why is church here!"

???: "She must have sensed me"

???2: "Alright no one moves or the skunk g-"
>>
No. 911110 ID: 15a025
File 154257700380.png - (6.34KB , 800x600 , 49.png )
911110

The cultist fires off a small beam and Relina tries to block it with her arm!

Relina: "Candy, I'm not sure how long my robe's going to be able to protect me against this!"
>>
No. 911114 ID: b1b4f3

Fire off a warning shot, tell the cultist to get on the ground.
>>
No. 911122 ID: 91ee5f

>>911110
Candy, don’t look at Relina, keep your eyes on the enemy! Let Relina worry about the cursed cultist, you should focus on the other guy!

Shoot him in the leg and tell him not to move or the next shot will be aimed right between his eyes!

>>911114
I don’t think we should waste ammo with warning shots! The non cursed guy looks like he’s levitating Tulip off the ground and if we fire a warning shot, he’ll move Tulip in front of himself as protection from our next shot!
>>
No. 911128 ID: b1b4f3

Even a bullet hole in the leg can be a mortal wound. Don't shoot someone unless you're okay with possibly killing that person.
>>
No. 911136 ID: 91ee5f

>>911128
Only if left untreated.

The cops will allow his wound to be treated when he gets arrested, so that he doesn’t die and they can question him.
>>
No. 911137 ID: 9a9e0c

I doubt a warning shot is going to work. At worst it'll mean you can't get a second accurate shot off in time. Trust that Relina can handle the cultist and shoot the other one.
>>
No. 911152 ID: 15a025
File 154260373858.png - (6.29KB , 800x600 , 50.png )
911152

>Candy, don’t look at Relina, keep your eyes on the enemy! Let Relina worry about the cursed cultist, you should focus on the other guy!
Relina: "Candy!"

Right! I turn around.
>Shoot him in the leg and tell him not to move or the next shot will be aimed right between his eyes!
>Even a bullet hole in the leg can be a mortal wound. Don't shoot someone unless you're okay with possibly killing that person.
I get my hooves in my pocket and get the grip locked on.

???2: "I see you digging in those pocket sheep! Hooves up and out!"
>>
No. 911154 ID: 15a025
File 154260378160.png - (6.35KB , 800x600 , 51.png )
911154

There goes my chance to aim. I whip out the gun and fire a quick shot at him!
>>
No. 911155 ID: 15a025
File 154260380705.png - (6.23KB , 800x600 , 52.png )
911155

The canine falls to his legs, bleeding. I'm not exactly sure where I got.
Relina: "Candy, I can't do this much longer!"

Candy: "Cut the spell now and get on the gro-"
>>
No. 911156 ID: 15a025
File 154260389520.png - (4.48KB , 800x600 , 53.png )
911156

I scream in pain as something sharp and hard hits my leg! I hear something shatter and scatter down onto the ground.
???2: "I love it when people leave their trash on the ground."

>>
No. 911160 ID: 094652

Shoot the mage! She's augmented, she can take it! Aim for her crotch!
>>
No. 911163 ID: a9af05

>>911156
The asshole you shot just threw a glass bottle at you!

As much as I want you to shoot him again, Relina needs help. Shoot at the cursed guy to make him lose concentration on his spell so that it'll fizzle out and give Relina a chance to counter attack with a light spell!
>>
No. 911184 ID: 91ee5f

>>911163
Yeah, shoot at the cursed guy!
>>
No. 911186 ID: 9a9e0c

Clench your teeth, imagine screaming out the most profane curses you can imagine (it helps dull pain) and shoot the cultist.
>>
No. 911266 ID: 15a025
File 154268940995.png - (4.51KB , 800x600 , 54.png )
911266

>The asshole you shot just threw a glass bottle at you!
Candy: "Yeah, and it hurts like hell!"

>Shoot the mage!
>Yeah, shoot at the cursed guy!
>shoot the cultist.

I try my best to ignore the cuts on my leg, aim, and fire!
>>
No. 911267 ID: 15a025
File 154268943873.png - (6.26KB , 800x600 , 55.png )
911267

I hear some kind of electrical sound disperse and the cultist cries in pain.

Relina spares no time chucking other ball of light at the cultist. This time, it explodes! All that remains of the cultist is their robe.
>>
No. 911268 ID: 15a025
File 154268946323.png - (6.18KB , 800x600 , 56.png )
911268

???2: "Some help you were!"

Relina: "Give it up! Drop the knife and hand over the girl!"

He throws the knife at the robe.

???2: "You heard her. Get down, and get out of here."
>>
No. 911269 ID: 15a025
File 154268951226.png - (5.99KB , 800x600 , 57.png )
911269

We take Tulip and make getting back to the store our first priority. Other than a few bruises, she's un-harmed. Relina ends up having to help carry me back to the store, it hurts too much to walk on my leg right now.

Once we're back at the store, I call up Officer Freeze and let her know what happened. She lets me know another officer will go check things out.


With "clean up" out of the way, I'm... not really sure what to do?
>>
No. 911271 ID: 91ee5f

>>911269
Well, I’d like to think that pulling out the pieces of glass from your leg would be what you should do. And then bandaging you leg.

Wait a sec, uh, Miss Relina, can you still hear us? Do you happen to know any healing spells for Candy’s leg?

Also, Candy, you did tell Sharcole that you’d give her an explanation so now might be a good time for that.
>>
No. 911274 ID: b1b4f3

First aid, maybe find out what happened to the cultist at the end there. Did he have some sort of defensive teleport enchantment?
Oh also we need to start communicating with the church. They've got light magic, and that's going to be very useful if things get worse.
>>
No. 911291 ID: a2211a

>>911269
Assure sharcole that you'll be fine. Besides that, dress your wounds.
>>
No. 911444 ID: 15a025
File 154286091165.png - (5.84KB , 800x600 , 58.png )
911444

>Assure Sharcole that you'll be fine. Besides that, dress your wounds.
>Well, I’d like to think that pulling out the pieces of glass from your leg would be what you should do. And then bandaging you leg.
>Assure Sharcole that you'll be fine. Besides that, dress your wounds.
Candy: "Sharcole, I'll be fine. Go get me a first aid kit or something to bandage up my leg."

Sharcole: "On it!"

She goes into the back room.
>Wait a sec, uh, Miss Relina, can you still hear us? Do you happen to know any healing spells for Candy’s leg?
Relina: "Unfortunately I do not."

>find out what happened to the cultist at the end there. Did he have some sort of defensive teleport enchantment?
Relina: "They didn't teleport away, they well...their soul was so corrupted, the orb blew them up. I'm not sure how the first shot didn't have much of an effect though?"
>>
No. 911445 ID: 15a025
File 154286097853.png - (6.06KB , 800x600 , 59.png )
911445

Sharcole comes back with a bottle of alcohol and a roll of tissue paper
Tulip: "Wait, the candy store's a bar now?"

Sharcole: "No, this is just Sugar's stash in the back."

Relina: "I hope she isn't drinking on the job."

Sharcole: "Oh no. After works parties every now and then."

Relina: "And what's the alcohol for now?"

Sharcole: "Cleaning her cut?"

Relina: "I...if your limited on first aid, allow me to help then."

She pulls out a flask and whispers something to it? Afterwards she pours it on my leg.

Candy: "Ah! That really stings!"

Candy: "Relina, why are you carrying around alcohol anyway?"

She gives me a disappointed look.
>>
No. 911446 ID: 15a025
File 154286101258.png - (5.97KB , 800x600 , 60.png )
911446

Relina: "Candy, this is holy water. Not alcohol. It's not my business or place to ask, but perhaps think about visiting the church sometime?"

> Oh also we need to start communicating with the church. They've got light magic, and that's going to be very useful if things get worse.
Candy: "Don't suppose you got a business card then?"

Relina: "We like to call these invitations instead. You're free to have one."
She pulls out a card and hands it to me.

Candy: "Thanks."
>>
No. 911448 ID: 15a025
File 154286106634.png - (6.04KB , 800x600 , 61.png )
911448

With my wound cleaned and "purified"-

Relina: "If you have doubts, I can pour some more on it?"

Candy: "Sorry."

Relina uses a nifty trick with her light magic to look for shards of glass in my wound.

Sharcole: "So...are you going to explain this whole magic thing Candy?"
> Candy, you did tell Sharcole that you’d give her an explanation so now might be a good time for that.
Candy: "Huh? Oh right. My earring's enchanted and I've been talking to Relina telepathically with it."

Sharcole: "I don't really know a lot about enchantments, but that sounds kind of cool? Also like something I shouldn't tell Sugar about?"

Candy: "Thanks."
>>
No. 911449 ID: 15a025
File 154286114797.png - (5.99KB , 800x600 , 62.png )
911449

Once that's taken care of, Sharcole wraps my leg up in gift wrap tissue paper.
Tulip: "You're not going to bow on it?"

Sharcole: "We don't have any."

Tulip: "Boo!"

Relina: "If you don't mind me asking, miss..?"

Tulip: "You can call me Tulip."

Relina: "What did those two want with you Tulip?"

Tulip: "Uh, probably nothing I should talk to a church lady about?"

Relina: "I see. Perhaps I should be heading out then?"
>>
No. 911454 ID: 094652

Would you like a free box of candy
>>
No. 911456 ID: 91ee5f

>>911449
Would you like some candy before you leave? Obviously it’ll be free this time, given the circumstances.
>>
No. 911554 ID: 15a025
File 154299697080.png - (5.90KB , 800x600 , 63.png )
911554

>Would you like a free box of candy
>Would you like some candy before you leave? Obviously it’ll be free this time, given the circumstances.
Candy: "Hey, how about a box a candy for the road?"

Sharcole: "...Candy?"

Relina: "I suppose a treat to share with the others at the church would be nice."

Sharcole: "Candy! Noo..."

Tulip: "Gee, you shouldn't have to buy her a box of candy for saving me. I should buy it instead."

Relina: "Are you sure?"

Tulip: "Yup!"

She let's Relina pick out a box and pays for it. Afterwards Relina cuts off her connection to my earring.

Relina: "Now, I hope I see you at church Sunday! Stay out of trouble!"
>>
No. 911555 ID: 15a025
File 154299699850.png - (5.36KB , 800x600 , 64.png )
911555

Tulip: "Okay, she's gone. So, about what just happened in the alley?"

Candy: "Alright, what happened in the alley?"

Tulip: "So I was on my way here to pick up my order when those two ambushed me. The dude in the robe pulled in the alley and the other guy whipped out his knife-"

Candy: "I meant, why did they go after you? They mentioned something about holding you hostage?"

Tulip: "Oh! They're after drugs and Roxie. Shoot, she might actually be in trouble?"

Candy: "What?"

Tulip: "I'm not sure why, but they really wanted her for some reason?"
>>
No. 911556 ID: 094652

Call Roxie, tell her Tulip's here.
>>
No. 911557 ID: 91ee5f

>>911555
I sure hope Roxie doesn’t end up getting stabbed like Tulip did when you first came to town!

Someone better call Roxie and warn her!
>>
No. 911850 ID: 15a025
File 154326976673.png - (5.54KB , 800x600 , 65.png )
911850

>Call Roxie, tell her Tulip's here.
>Someone better call Roxie and warn her!
I'd call her, but I don't know her phone number. Even if I did, my phone can only make calls to the other cops.

Candy: "There a pay phone nearby? Someone should go call Roxie and let her know."

Sharcole: "I...I'll go call her. I've got some change on me."

Sharcole rushes out to the payphone.
>>
No. 911851 ID: 15a025
File 154326984878.png - (5.55KB , 800x600 , 66.png )
911851

And not too much later she's back.
Tulip: "No answer?"

Sharcole: "No, she picked up. She just brushed off the news like nothing? That is, other than you all getting hurt. She said Marsh's is on her way to take you home."

Considering it hurts to stand, heading home to rest is probably the best.

Candy: "You going to be able to run things here on your own?"

Sharcole: "I think I can manage. I might stay at Roxie's tonight, considering the apartment might not be safe."

Tulip: "Oh yeah, what happened there? I keep hearing they had to evacuate the whole building or something?"

Sharcole: "Don't know? I stayed at Sugar's that night so I could get some sleep. It sounds like I really lucked out?"

...
>>
No. 911852 ID: 15a025
File 154326993868.png - (5.40KB , 800x600 , 67.png )
911852

>From elsewhere, an intermission...
???: "At least take this for protection Roxie."

Roxie: "A necklace?"

???: "It's an enchanted necklace. Holy spirits inhabit it. They'll help guide and keep you safe. Though, their advice will only go so far. If you run into the cult, there's a light enchantment to help fight back as well."

Roxie: "I don't know. It's bad enough I'm hauling around... you know-"

???: I wish I didn't. Don't worry about not having a license. If the police ask, just mention the church and we'll handle it from there."

Roxie: "If you say so. I better get going here before things get any worse."

???: "I'll be off then. May the sage's light protect you."

Roxie: "Yeah, same to you. Thanks."
>>
No. 911853 ID: 15a025
File 154326998084.png - (4.79KB , 800x600 , 68.png )
911853

He heads off.

So, holy spirits huh? Worth a try I guess.

Roxie: "Hello? Anyone in here?"
>>
No. 911854 ID: 15a025

Notes for Roxie's Intermission:
Being a different enchantment stone, Roxie is unable to contact or connect to Candy.
Because of this, any info or knowledge of Candy's cannot be passed on to Roxie either.
Candy will be safe/healing up during Roxie's intermission.
*Speaking of, I realized I put the bandage on the wrong leg for Candy in those last update, it's now on the right leg for this one.
>>
No. 911856 ID: b1b4f3

>>911853
Hello Roxie, nice to meet you. Who was that just now?
>>
No. 911863 ID: 91ee5f

>>911853
ZZZZZZZ..... -.-

>”Hello? Anyone in here?"
Huh?! What?! Who's there?! O_o

Oh, a new user! And she’s a cute one! So, what’s your name, pretty lady?

And just so you know, you don’t have to speak out loud to talk to us, you can just think at us and we’ll hear it. That way no one thinks you’re a crazy person talking to yourself. And since you’re wearing us, only you can hear us.

Also, just so you know, we don’t grant wishes and you don’t have to rub us to talk to us. Sorry, it’s just the last few times someone put us on, that person seemed to think that we were a bunch of genies for some reason.

.....hey, uh, this is kinda embarrassing, but you don’t happen to know what light enchantment we have on us, do you? It’s been so long since anyone used us, that we kinda forgot what it is. I mean, I know we’ve got a light enchantment, but we don’t remember what it does.
>>
No. 911877 ID: a9af05

>>911853
>"Hello? Anyone in here?"
Hello cute lady. Are you our new user? Can you tell us your name? Also, can you give us a name? If you can't think of anything to call us, we'll answer to "holy spirits" if you want to call us that.

And if you have any questions on how to use us, please consult the instruction manual the church person gave you when they gave us to you.

.....you did get the instruction manual, right?

>>911863
>How to talk to us
Hey, you forgot to tell her something!

We also have a limited view of the world around you. For example, right now, we can see you standing in front of a store and the front half of what I'm assuming is your scooter behind you.

Our view will change as you move around, so if we're able to see something or someone sneaking up behind you, we'll let you know about it!
>>
No. 912192 ID: 15a025
File 154347108021.png - (4.79KB , 800x600 , 69.png )
912192

>what’s your name, pretty lady?
>Hello cute lady. Are you our new user? Can you tell us your name?
Sounds like it works. They seem nice.
Roxie: "Thank you. You can call me Roxie."

>And just so you know, you don’t have to speak out loud to talk to us, you can just think at us and we’ll hear it.
Roxie: "Ah, that makes things a... oh."

Well, that makes using this easier. Though, being holy spirits I suppose I'm going to have to steel my mind a bit. Hopefully you won't judge me too hard?

>Hello Roxie, nice to meet you. Who was that just now?
The deer? Just a recent acquaintance of mine. His name is Blitz.

>Also, can you give us a name? If you can't think of anything to call us, we'll answer to "holy spirits" if you want to call us that.
Hm... it sounds like there's more than just one of you in here? Holy spirits sounds fine for now.
>>
No. 912193 ID: 15a025
File 154347110634.png - (4.82KB , 800x600 , 70.png )
912193

>hey, uh, this is kinda embarrassing, but you don’t happen to know what light enchantment we have on us, do you?

It's not safe to assume things with magic you don't understand, but I think it's supposed to be some kind magic arrow or lance? That's usually what the church has for dealing with the cult or the rare monster sightings. Suppose I better find out now while no one's around.


I try to focus my thoughts on the necklace and bring out its energy into my paws. After a bit a feel a warm light.
>>
No. 912194 ID: 15a025
File 154347115343.png - (4.85KB , 800x600 , 71.png )
912194

Roxie: "Yeah, this is really going to help protect me alright.

Thanks for the magic stick, Blitz. Hopefully I'm just doing something wrong here and this isn't actually it?

>We also have a limited view of the world around you. For example, right now, we can see you standing in front of a store and the front half of what I'm assuming is your scooter behind you.

Ah what, and here I thought I could trick you into thinking I had a motorcycle. Still, having someone to watch my back in going to be a life saver around here. I can usually hear if someone's coming up from behind me, but if it's noisy I might miss something.
>>
No. 912195 ID: 15a025
File 154347118095.png - (4.86KB , 800x600 , 72.png )
912195

Speaking of missing something, I better get going before I'm late!

I focus the stick's energy back towards the enchantment and hop onto my scooter. We're off to see a friend of my boss' and deliver something.
>>
No. 912196 ID: 15a025
File 154347141302.png - (4.88KB , 800x600 , 73.png )
912196

I arrive at the warehouse we agreed to meet at, and see he's opened the door? Guess we're meeting inside?

Not huge on it, but this isn't exactly something I can just ditch on suspicion.

I'm taking the keys to my scooter with me though.
>>
No. 912197 ID: 15a025
File 154347148547.png - (4.26KB , 800x600 , 74.png )
912197

I cautiously head in and it's pretty dark. I can kind of see him in here though. Oh shoot, I better hide you, spirits. The less people know I've got you the better. I use my scarf to hide most of it, and stick the cross with the stone into my shirt.


Roxie: "Why are you in here?"

I kind of see him point up at a tote or maybe the crate?

Roxie: "The tote?"

He shakes his head. Why's he so quiet?

Roxie: "I can't tell if you're shaking or nodding your head? Cat got your tongue or something? Speak up."

He starts pointing at his throat and lets out a exaggerated fake sounding reply.

???: "Throat hurts, bad."
>>
No. 912199 ID: 094652

Is... is that a training dummy? Don't get close to him.
>>
No. 912200 ID: b1b4f3

>>912197
Uh... it looks like he has no face. I don't think it's the dark since we can see YOUR face.
Also there's something on the ceiling above you. Step back!

Either find the light switch, pull out your cellphone for light, or summon up something. You could back away with the excuse of finding the light switch if you're looking to avoid suspicion.
IIRC many enchanted stones work like controlling the associated element with your mind. You can do a variety of things.
>>
No. 912203 ID: 91ee5f

>>912192
>Though, being holy spirits I suppose I'm going to have to steel my mind a bit. Hopefully you won't judge me too hard?
We’re actually not all that holy. As long as you don’t kill anyone, we don’t really care as much as you’d think we would. Being stuck in a jewelry box in the church’s storage room kinda makes you want to not go back into the jewelry box for as long as possible. Which means not judging people and being sent back to the church for annoying the hell outta them.

>Holy spirits sounds fine for now.
The reason we asked for a name is because it’s a basic rule of magic. Give a spell a name and/or repeatedly use it and the spell will get stronger......eventually. It’s kinda a slow process, but it works!

>>912194
>Thanks for the magic stick, Blitz.
Same thing for the magic stick. Name it and/or use it a lot and it’ll eventually get stronger and not look really pathetic.

>>912197
Holy shit, it’s dark in here! I can barely see anything! You got a flashlight or a cellphone that can make a little light?

>>912200
>step back, make a light, find light switch
Yeah, do these!

>IIRC many enchanted stones work like controlling the associated element with your mind. You can do a variety of things.
Yeah, what he/she said.
>>
No. 912389 ID: 15a025
File 154360783328.png - (4.27KB , 800x600 , 75.png )
912389

>Uh... it looks like he has no face. I don't think it's the dark since we can see YOUR face.
He has a face. I can kind of see his eyes? or are those his spots?

>Also there's something on the ceiling above you. Step back!
That's a broken window . Guess it goes to show how late it's getting when the moonlight isn't even helping out here.

>The reason we asked for a name is because it’s a basic rule of magic. Give a spell a name and/or repeatedly use it and the spell will get stronger......eventually. It’s kinda a slow process, but it works!
Ah. I guess I'll have to come up with a name for the "magic stick" other than, well...

>Either find the light switch, pull out your cellphone for light, or summon up something. You could back away with the excuse of finding the light switch if you're looking to avoid suspicion.
>You got a flashlight or a cellphone that can make a little light?
I feel like there's a reason he might trying to be quiet, or didn't turn the lights on himself? I could use my phone or that light enchantment? I don't want him knowing I'm packing magic though.

>IIRC many enchanted stones work like controlling the associated element with your mind. You can do a variety of things.
Having him think I'm calling someone though could go worse though. Maybe I can just make the stick small and say it's a glow stick?
Roxie: "Hang on, it's too dark in here to see. I'm going to dig out a glow stick from my pocket."

He makes a sound, but I can't really make it out.

I put my paw behind my back and focus on a small about of energy. I just try and picture a little stick in my mind. When I bring my paw back forward-
>>
No. 912390 ID: 15a025
File 154360785830.png - (5.18KB , 800x600 , 76.png )
912390

Roxie: "There we go. Now I can see-"

See that he's way too small to be a snow leopard. I'm getting the growing feeling this isn't the guy I'm supposed to meet.
>>
No. 912394 ID: b1b4f3

>>912390
That... looks like a ghost to me. Do you think it's dangerous?
>>
No. 912405 ID: 91ee5f

>>912390
I don’t see anyone else anywhere.

If this ain’t the guy you’re supposed to meet, then you can tell him that he’s not the guy you’re looking for and then announce that you’re going to leave if the guy you’re looking for doesn’t show up right now! If you don’t hear any kind of response, then just leave. You can tell your boss that the guy didn’t show up.

Hey, where is the package you’re supposed to deliver anyways? If you left it on your scooter, then this may be a distraction while someone else is outside stealing it so they don’t have to pay you!
>>
No. 912444 ID: 0e62b1

>>912390
Magic abilities are modular within reason. Focusing on its form may be able to change it into various things, like a blade or spear of some kind.
>>
No. 912465 ID: a9af05

>>912390
If he's not who you're supposed to meet, leave. Let your boss know the other guy didn't show up.
>>
No. 912659 ID: 15a025
File 154373125057.png - (5.17KB , 800x600 , 77.png )
912659

>I don’t see anyone else anywhere.
Nor do I. I could go further into the warehouse to look for him, but I'm not going to risk it unless I've got a reason to.

>If this ain’t the guy you’re supposed to meet, then you can tell him that he’s not the guy you’re looking for and then announce that you’re going to leave if the guy you’re looking for doesn’t show up right now! If you don’t hear any kind of response, then just leave. You can tell your boss that the guy didn’t show up.
>If he's not who you're supposed to meet, leave. Let your boss know the other guy didn't show up.
Roxie: "Look, I don't know who you are, but I know you're not who I'm looking for. Unless he shows up now, I'm leaving."

He replies practically whispering.
???: "Roxie, it's me! You have my stuff or what?"

Roxie: "Yeah, no. Cut the crap. You're way too short to be the snow leopard."
>>
No. 912660 ID: 15a025
File 154373134591.png - (5.25KB , 800x600 , 78.png )
912660

>Hey, where is the package you’re supposed to deliver anyways? If you left it on your scooter, then this may be a distraction while someone else is outside stealing it so they don’t have to pay you!
Shhh...oot. It's still on my scooter. Instead of running off, I play it safe and start heading for my scooter. A few steps later something whips past me.

???: "Where's the package."

>That... looks like a ghost to me. Do you think it's dangerous?
Not sure about him being a ghost, but I'm getting the feeling I might be needing some help. Is he still armed? What's he got?

>Magic abilities are modular within reason. Focusing on its form may be able to change it into various things, like a blade or spear of some kind.

Should I also try shifting my "glow stick" into something to fight back with?
>>
No. 912668 ID: b1b4f3

>>912660
He's got a... knife? Just make the first thing you made again! No time to try experimenting with a light projectile.
>>
No. 912672 ID: 91ee5f

>>912660
>Shhh...oot.
You were about to say a different word, weren’t you? Just because we’re “holy spirits”, that doesn’t mean that we’re going to get upset at you for swearing. Go ahead and swear if you want, we don’t mind.

>A few steps later something whips past me.
>Is he still armed? What's he got?
Yeah, he’s still armed and he’s pointing something at you. We didn’t hear any gunshots, so it couldn’t have been a gun. It’s kinda hard to see, but it looks like something that requires two hands to use.

Wait, is that a slingshot? I think he’s got a slingshot. Maybe?

>>912668
Yeah, do this!
>>
No. 912673 ID: b1b4f3

If that's a slingshot, then... he's whispering because he doesn't want to reveal the fact that he's a goddamn KID. You might not even need a light-based beatstick.
>>
No. 912675 ID: 91ee5f

Hey, Roxie, how does this guy know your name? Do you know the name of the snow leopard you’re looking for?
>>
No. 912756 ID: 15a025
File 154378492188.png - (5.01KB , 800x600 , 80.png )
912756

>Just because we’re “holy spirits”, that doesn’t mean that we’re going to get upset at you for swearing.
You might not get upset, but it still doesn't feel right to swear at or around holy spirits or angels? Plus it probably isn't going to score me any favors with the sage of light or whatever god the church worships now? Religion around has been kind of...changing a lot lately.

>He's got a... knife?
>Yeah, he’s still armed and he’s pointing something at you. We didn’t hear any gunshots, so it couldn’t have been a gun. It’s kinda hard to see, but it looks like something that requires two hands to use.
>Wait, is that a slingshot? I think he’s got a slingshot. Maybe?
>If that's a slingshot, then... he's whispering because he doesn't want to reveal the fact that he's a goddamn KID.
Never thought I'd hear holy spirits swear?
Anyway, knife or slingshot, both of those are still dangerous. If it's a slingshot, I don't know what he's firing at me. If it's a knife, then I've got to worry about than losing an eye.

>Hey, Roxie, how does this guy know your name? Do you know the name of the snow leopard you’re looking for?
I'm known in town a little more than I'd like to be. It's kind of a given though with my job. Unfortunately I don't know the guy's name myself.

Another thing whips past me.

???: "That was your last warning. Give me the package."

>Just make the first thing you made again! No time to try experimenting with a light projectile.
Big glowing beat stick coming up!
>>
No. 912757 ID: 15a025
File 154378496134.png - (4.59KB , 800x600 , 81.png )
912757

The stick gets longer and manages to light up the room a lot more, giving away I'm up to something!

I hear him running up to me and manage to smack him on the head just in time.
>>
No. 912758 ID: 15a025
File 154378500792.png - (4.69KB , 800x600 , 82.png )
912758

And just like that, he's on the floor now.

Thought it would have knocked him out though?
>>
No. 912763 ID: b1b4f3

>>912758
Disarm, pin, interrogate.
>>
No. 912765 ID: 91ee5f

>>912756
>Never thought I'd hear holy spirits swear?
Like I said, we’re not as holy as you think we are.

>>912758
>Thought it would have knocked him out though?
It’s a weak spell, it’ll get stronger with practice.

Pin him and take away his weapon. Then start questioning him.
>>
No. 912829 ID: a9af05

>>912756
>Holy spirits swearing
We don't give a fuck! We'll swear if we want to!

>>912758
Now take away his weapon, pin him to the ground, and start asking questions!
>>
No. 912983 ID: 15a025
File 154396274372.png - (4.69KB , 800x600 , 83.png )
912983

>We don't give a fuck! We'll swear if we want to!
>Like I said, we’re not as holy as you think we are.
I won't pry on the matter then.

>It’s a weak spell, it’ll get stronger with practice.
Guess I'll have to just keep at it.

>Pin him and take away his weapon. Then start questioning him.
>Disarm, pin, interrogate.
Roxie: "I see you reaching for that knife. Get your mitts up where I can see them."

They're up where I can see them. Nothing in his paws.
Keeping myself close enough to whack him again in case he tries anything, I slowly move over and pick up his knife. After that I keep my beat stick close to his head.
Roxie: "Alright, who are you and why are you here?"

???: "Okay, fine. I'm not your buddy or whoever."

Roxie: "That doesn't answer the question."

???: "Then let's just say I heard about your pal's package and thought I could score big tonight. Obviously I thought wrong."

Roxie: "Maybe next time you should pick someone a little more your size to impersonate. Where's the guy I'm supposed to meet then?"

???: "Never saw him."

Roxie: "Then why is your fur spray painted like a snow leopard?"

???: "Okay, I didn't see him here. I've seen what he looks like though."
>>
No. 912984 ID: 15a025
File 154396279354.png - (4.76KB , 800x600 , 84.png )
912984

Both of us nearly jump when we hear something further in the warehouse fall over. It sounded like a heavy wood crate fell and busted open.

It's faint, but I can hear someone or something echoing as well.

???: "You wanna wrap this up before that ghost or the wind or whatever decides to drop a box on us next?"
>>
No. 913012 ID: 08227f

That could be your friend restrained in the back, or another guy that's helping this pint sized pussycat pilfer your package. Either way you should investigate.
>>
No. 913015 ID: b1b4f3

Speaking of the package maybe you should secure it?
>>
No. 913027 ID: 91ee5f

>>913015
Yeah, let’s go make sure someone didn’t take it off your scooter while you were in here dealing with this midget.
>>
No. 913078 ID: 382adf

Nah. We're gonna go check that out. And i don't trust him, stop make him take point.
>>
No. 913278 ID: 15a025
File 154413708731.png - (4.75KB , 800x600 , 85.png )
913278

>That could be your friend restrained in the back, or another guy that's helping this pint sized pussycat pilfer your package. Either way you should investigate.
>Speaking of the package maybe you should secure it?
>Yeah, let’s go make sure someone didn’t take it off your scooter while you were in here dealing with this midget.
One last thing then before I leave this guy then.

Roxie: "You were throwing something at me earlier. Hand over the rest of what you got."

???: "Those were throwing knives. I'm going to reach for the last one in my pocket, okay."

Roxie: "One hand, slowly. Any sudden movements and this stick is going to extend right into your face."
He carefully pulls out his throwing knife and hands it to me.

>I don't trust him, make him take point.
Roxie: "You're going to come with me and investigate now. Before that though, you're going to follow me outside while I pick up the other knives you threw and check something. When we come back to the warehouse, you're taking the point."

???: "Look lady, you couldn't pay me enough to come back into this place!"

Roxie: "Who said I was paying you, or giving you a choice?"

???: "Whatever."
>>
No. 913279 ID: 15a025
File 154413732356.png - (5.15KB , 800x600 , 86.png )
913279

I make my way to the scooter, picking up some more throwing knives on my way. Thankfully none hit my scooter, or the package. It's still here, wrapped up with ribbon and all. Just as I grab it and head back for the warehouse, I hear something growl from inside.
>>
No. 913281 ID: 15a025
File 154413743675.png - (5.34KB , 800x600 , 87.png )
913281

As I walk into the warehouse, I notice there's someone else laying down now. Then I see the pool of blood on the ground.

Then... I see a Snow leopard on the ground...
>>
No. 913283 ID: b1b4f3

>>913281
Check the guy for signs of life. If he's still alive, try to drag him out of there with the kid's help. If he's dead drive to a safer place then call the cops.
>>
No. 913284 ID: 91ee5f

>>913283
All of this!
>>
No. 913412 ID: a9af05

>>913283
This makes sense.
>>
No. 913440 ID: 91ee5f

>>913284
Also, since this asshole was trying to impersonate the snow leopard guy and he was throwing knives at you, I think he did this to the snow leopard in order to get him out of the way.

You might as well tell him that he didn’t have to stab the snow leopard guy!
>>
No. 913549 ID: 15a025
File 154439588018.png - (5.15KB , 800x600 , 88.png )
913549

>Check the guy for signs of life. If he's still alive, try to drag him out of there with the kid's help.

I get down on the ground and check to see if he's still got a pulse. I grab the wrist of his big paw, but after a few moments, I feel nothing.
>>
No. 913551 ID: 15a025
File 154439592901.png - (5.39KB , 800x600 , 89.png )
913551

>I think he did this to the snow leopard in order to get him out of the way. You might as well tell him that he didn’t have to stab the snow leopard guy!
Roxie: "You didn't have to kill him!"

???: "Hey, I didn't do this! I haven't seen him here till now."

>he was throwing knives at you
Roxie: "Oh I think you did! I've got your knife and throwing knives to prove it!"

???: " Then where's the blood on them?"

I pull them out and take a quick look. They're not in the best of shape. The throwing knives are a little dull, while the switch blade knife has some heavy scratches on the handle. Some small bits of an engraving can barely be made out still. He's right though, no blood on them anywhere. Still...

Roxie: "You could have cleaned them off or you hid the one you used."

???: "There's also no blood trail. Bodies don't just show up out of no-where."
>>
No. 913553 ID: 15a025
File 154439597367.png - (4.39KB , 800x600 , 90.png )
913553

>If he's dead drive to a safer place then call the cops.
I don't want to admit it, but I need to face it. There's a chance someone else could be in here out to get me, and standing around yelling could end up getting me killed.
Roxie: "Come on, we're settling this outside."

Before he can say anything or protest, I grab his arm and start dragging him with me.
When we get to the door though, it slides down and slams shut!
???: "I'm telling you this place is haunted!"

Roxie: "Shut up, it was probably the wi-"

I hear something outside make a heavy click.

I try to slide the door back open, but it won't budge.

???: "You were saying?"
>>
No. 913554 ID: 15a025
File 154439606036.png - (4.91KB , 800x600 , 91.png )
913554

> call the cops!
Not exactly my first pick for someone to call given what I'm doing here, but-

My phone isn't getting reception?

I try to make a call anyway but it just pops a message on screen saying no service.
>>
No. 913564 ID: 2f99b5

Magic is now likely in play here. Draw your weapon if only because it's much brighter than your phone and you don't want someone or thing to get the drop on you.
>>
No. 913570 ID: 91ee5f

>>913554
Well, shit. That’s not good! Seems like there’s probably some kinda magical interference going on.

You’ve got the package with you, right? Whoever is doing this will have to come to you to get it.

Try to light the place up with your magic. Focus on making it bright instead of giving it a shape.
>>
No. 913604 ID: a9af05

>>913554
Try to make your light brighter so you can watch for whoever's trying to ambush you!
>>
No. 913671 ID: 15a025
File 154450068512.png - (4.83KB , 800x600 , 92.png )
913671

>Magic is now likely in play here.
>Well, shit. That’s not good! Seems like there’s probably some kinda magical interference going on.
Is that even possible? I could understand having no signal since we're a little ways out of town. Not sure about the door either way though.

>You’ve got the package with you, right? Whoever is doing this will have to come to you to get it.
Yup. Been kind of awkwardly juggling it around with all this other stuff I'm carrying. (*)

>Draw your weapon if only because it's much brighter than your phone and you don't want someone or thing to get the drop on you.
>Try to light the place up with your magic. Focus on making it bright instead of giving it a shape.
>Try to make your light brighter so you can watch for whoever's trying to ambush you!
I put my phone away and bring out the beat stick again. I try to make it make it brighter this time, but it doesn't seem to change much. At least I can see.

Roxie: "Alright, start walking. We're going to find another way out."

???: "I'm taking the lead?"

Roxie: "Well if you want to volunteer to, sure."

???: "Damn it!"

Roxie: "Like you had a choice."
>>
No. 913673 ID: 15a025
File 154450079198.png - (5.19KB , 800x600 , 93.png )
913673

For an abandoned warehouse, this place sure has enough crates and boxes around. Speaking of,

Roxie: "Guess this is what fell over earlier? But from where? It's not like there's a stack of-"

???: "Shhh! Look up."

Roxie: "Huh-?"
>>
No. 913674 ID: 15a025
File 154450081005.png - (3.81KB , 800x600 , 94.png )
913674

There's a second floor? It's hard to see, but it looks like someone's up there?
>>
No. 913675 ID: 15a025

*Whops. Seems like I forgot to draw/sprite Roxie holding her package for the past few panels. I'll try my best to remember it from now on.
>>
No. 913676 ID: b1b4f3

...is that a Chimera? The only thing that can kill a Chimera is light magic. You sure are lucky.

See if you can make your beatstick SHARP and LONG.
>>
No. 913679 ID: 91ee5f

>>913674
I see purple! That’s not good!

.....oh, right, you don’t know about that. Basically, the color purple means something or someone is cursed. Any type of light magic is necessary for either severely hurting something/someone that’s cursed or, if it’s someone you know, removing the curse to turn that person back to normal.

Unfortunately, at your current skill level, you’d have a hard time trying to cure someone.

>>913676
Yeah, good idea. Even if it isn’t a chimera, it should still hurt whoever that is.
>>
No. 914110 ID: 15a025
File 154491471530.png - (5.23KB , 800x600 , 95.png )
914110

>is that a Chimera? The only thing that can kill a Chimera is light magic. You sure are lucky.
Yeah, lucky me. If I have to fight it, it's with a glorified glow stick.

>Basically, the color purple means something or someone is cursed. Any type of light magic is necessary for either severely hurting something/someone that’s cursed or, if it’s someone you know, removing the curse to turn that person back to normal.
I'm a little familiar with it, not much though. Blitz never really taught me much, and what else I know is from running into the cult a couple times.

>See if you can make your beatstick SHARP and LONG.
>Yeah, good idea. Even if it isn’t a chimera, it should still hurt whoever that is.

I'm not sure I can make this thing long enough to go up that far? Maybe I can at least get the sharp part?
I close eyes for a moment and try to shift the warmth of the light around. Pretty quickly I start getting a headache and start to lose focus.
>>
No. 914112 ID: 15a025
File 154491489574.png - (5.21KB , 800x600 , 96.png )
914112

I open my eyes again and partial success? It's a little shorter now but it's a got a little blade now.
???: "Oh you can't be serious?"

Roxie: "What?"

???: "We're not going up there."

Roxie: "Oh yes we are. That's about our only lead right now."

???: "I want my knife back then. I am not going up there with just my bare paws."

Roxie: "You wish you had bear paws, shorty."

???: "You giving me my knife or what?"
>>
No. 914113 ID: 15a025
File 154491494955.png - (5.22KB , 800x600 , 97.png )
914113

Alright, screw it. I'm putting the box down for a second while I dig out his knife.

Roxie: "This is all you get. I'm not handing over your throwing knives. Your aim sucks anyway."

???: "Those were warning shots..."

Roxie: "Now to find a way up there..."

???: "Uh... stairs are right over there?"

How'd I miss those?
>>
No. 914114 ID: 15a025
File 154491499255.png - (4.87KB , 800x600 , 98.png )
914114

I grab the package and head up the stairs. Sending the imposter up first.

???: "So now what? How are we going to get over to the other side without him seeing us?"
>>
No. 914115 ID: 15a025
File 154491503098.png - (3.92KB , 800x600 , 99.png )
914115

Hm... looking and peeking around, we don't have much for cover. There is a couple of ways we could go though? Seems like it's going to be tricky either way we go?


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason