[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 915227)
Message
File []
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 20000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 3896 unique user posts. View catalog

File 154595196607.jpg - (964.18KB , 1318x1757 , 4 way chess 2.jpg )
915227 No. 915227 ID: 70be57

It is a 4-way chess game which will decide who gets what power after the game is over. You will lead your protagonist against other three players
Expand all images
>>
No. 915229 ID: 70be57
File 154595203747.jpg - (460.57KB , 1236x1216 , + 4 way chess 1.jpg )
915229

>>
No. 915230 ID: 70be57
File 154595204664.jpg - (386.27KB , 1236x1160 , + 4 way chess 2.jpg )
915230

>>
No. 915235 ID: 1f91fc
File 154595381731.jpg - (94.75KB , 662x960 , 623377B3-7BBD-40D8-A5BD-E5FBEE231CCF.jpg )
915235

>>915230
Name: Wulfric Gottfriedsson
Race: Human (his head would probably be repressented by a battle axe)
Age: 20 something
Description: Medium height, brown hair, and iceberg blue eyes. Down to earth and dependable, strong sense of honor and duty.
Likes: Fish, Ale, A warm fire, smell of the ocean
Dislikes: hitting women, half-assed work
Competitive: When he needs to be.
>>
No. 915278 ID: 9aeab1

Name: Buzz #92
Race: Golem, independent rogue
Age: Old enough 447
Description: Quirky glitchy, cunning logical until something sets him off, hot-blooded erratic, bipolar. Appearance: mysterious, arcane, distinguished pile of odd shaped mossy rocks showing significant wear and crumbling.
Likes: options, games of chance, the open sky
Dislikes: being told what to do
Competitive: I'm not competitive, I'm just good enough to always WIN. Any losses you may have heard about were simply strategic sacrifices for a greater victory. He may even believe it.
>>
No. 915281 ID: 70be57
File 154598898639.jpg - (1.20MB , 1924x1392 , + 4 way chess 3.jpg )
915281

>>
No. 915282 ID: 70be57
File 154598899727.jpg - (874.24KB , 1572x1806 , + 4 way chess 4.jpg )
915282

>>
No. 915303 ID: 70be57
File 154601452231.jpg - (686.22KB , 1092x1747 , + 4 way chess 5.jpg )
915303

>>
No. 915316 ID: 3583d1

>>915303
Thst means she is a descendant of a Japanese sun god. Impressive, the arrogance is a little annoying but eh, pride goeth before a fall.

Maybe tell her about yourself, just don’t be as arrogant or boastful.
>>
No. 915328 ID: 70be57
File 154604011974.jpg - (1.79MB , 2012x2868 , + 4 way chess 6.jpg )
915328

>>
No. 915385 ID: 1f91fc

>>915328
Give a polite greeting to your opponents, and keep it as brief as possible. As for the doll gal, no one expects a sucker punch from someone they underestimate.
>>
No. 915439 ID: 70be57
File 154608057578.jpg - (2.82MB , 2868x3528 , + 4 way chess 7.jpg )
915439

>>
No. 915475 ID: 1f91fc

>>915439
Alright but what about the skull guy? He’s being awfully quiet in this.
>>
No. 915590 ID: 70be57
File 154617029839.jpg - (2.34MB , 2689x3441 , + 4 way chess 8.jpg )
915590

>>
No. 915663 ID: 1f91fc

>>915590
Fair enough, so then if you are all vying for power of your world, I guess what would everyone do if they had power over it? I figure that will be the most important in deciding who we support/oppose.
>>
No. 915715 ID: 70be57
File 154626641932.jpg - (3.23MB , 3508x3473 , + 4 way chess 9.jpg )
915715

>>
No. 915852 ID: 70be57
File 154634515149.jpg - (2.32MB , 2932x3338 , + 4 way chess 10.jpg )
915852

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-HXjvmcLa8
>>
No. 915857 ID: 70be57
File 154635399540.jpg - (527.28KB , 1476x1352 , + 4 way chess 11.jpg )
915857

>>
No. 915939 ID: 3583d1

Okay so A was drawn, I guess draw straw C in the middle?
>>
No. 915946 ID: 70be57
File 154643663307.jpg - (0.97MB , 2852x1488 , + 4 way chess 12.jpg )
915946

>>
No. 915996 ID: 70be57
File 154648677597.jpg - (2.96MB , 3331x4449 , + 4 way chess 13.jpg )
915996

>>
No. 915998 ID: 3583d1

>>915996
Take the one on the right
>>
No. 916032 ID: 70be57
File 154651716235.jpg - (3.25MB , 3508x4247 , + 4 way chess 14.jpg )
916032

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvEZn79Twr
>>
No. 916033 ID: d47801

>>916032
Eh just keep it simple like “good luck everyone.” Or something. I’m assuming we do not go first
>>
No. 916081 ID: 70be57
File 154655338980.jpg - (446.26KB , 1072x1315 , + 4 way chess 15.jpg )
916081

>>
No. 916093 ID: 70be57
File 154655710314.jpg - (2.47MB , 3076x3316 , 4 way chess 3.jpg )
916093

>>
No. 916151 ID: c0641d

"That looks like J-3, but who am I to tell you how to play? Pawn to K4." If he takes the bait, we trade pawns with him and get our rook out early. Now that our physical move is made...
"And so our game begins with pawns. Although... Nah. I'm fairly confident no one would be so daring as to open with a knight." Give Watakushi a knowing, but disinterested glance as you say those italicized words. If she opens with a knight just to spite us, then we know she'll be easy to jerk around unless she gets her character development on. Line Reaver's reaction shouldn't be trusted, as he could very well catch on to what we're doing and try to trick us.
>>
No. 916163 ID: 70be57
File 154657229924.jpg - (2.88MB , 3085x4169 , 4 way chess 4.jpg )
916163

>>
No. 916200 ID: 70be57
File 154659541189.jpg - (2.53MB , 3113x3625 , 4 way chess 6.jpg )
916200

>>
No. 916472 ID: e51896

m6 to k6
>>
No. 916476 ID: c0641d

I would say m8 to l8 seems like a better setup move (freeing paths for both our Queen and Black-Tile Bishop), offensively, but yeah, m6 to k6 is safer since my suggestion could open up an opportunity for Salvior and Line Reaver to team up, force trades, and put us on the defensive. Go with the m6 to k6 move so that our Queen has an alternative to trading in the scenario I described.

On the grand strategy side of things... Honestly, as annoying as Watakushi is, at least she’s honest, and she represents the cause we probably support the most out of the three that aren’t us (plus she just confirmed that she does have a decent head on her shoulders behind all that bluster). I get the impression that the Gnomes don’t actually have much stake in this if they’re just hidden from the world either way. Even if I’m wrong, I still want to just focus on having the other two be the ones that are Defeated, leaving us and the living doll standing at game’s end. Don’t state this aloud; the others could take advantage of such a proclamation by taking opportunities to sow doubt, and passing by chances to hurt Watakushi will allow our actions to speak louder than words.
>>
No. 916477 ID: d711e9

>>916476
Agreed. Do that.
>>
No. 916483 ID: 70be57
File 154679442092.jpg - (2.64MB , 3085x3721 , 4 way chess 7.jpg )
916483

>>
No. 916487 ID: 4631a1

Okay, I explicitely said to hold off on that move until at least after m6 to k6, but I realize Salvior can’t actually threaten our queen with the pawn in the way, and fortunately, Line Reaver didn’t take advantage on his end.

“Merely building a foundation after my initial reaction to your opening, though if you want a truce, I don’t have any objections. However, I’m sorry to say it won’t be the daughter of the sun I’ll be going after in that event.”
>>
No. 916490 ID: 4631a1

*Whoop, misread the board somehow, but my points still stand.
>>
No. 916591 ID: 70be57
File 154684676644.jpg - (2.96MB , 3036x4273 , 4 way chess 8.jpg )
916591

>>
No. 916658 ID: c0641d

"kN10 to L11. By the way, something wasn't worded very clearly, I think; is this 'winner takes all,' or will we be ranked in order? I'd think the latter, but I want to be sure."

(Also, what is your faction's stance on how vital this game is? Are they content to stay hidden regardless of the outcome, or have they made themselves hidden because they're currently on the bottom, and would like to change that? The answers to both this and the question we're stating aloud above are vital for determining what our strategic priorities are.)
>>
No. 916704 ID: 70be57
File 154690683827.jpg - (2.88MB , 2996x4114 , 4 way chess 9.jpg )
916704

>>
No. 916719 ID: 70be57
File 154691296219.jpg - (2.56MB , 3076x3641 , 4 way chess 10.jpg )
916719

>>
No. 916845 ID: 41dfb3

>>916719
M10 to K10

And just what is that proposal. From what I’ve seen most of us are just in a simple positioning phase and neither of us are trying to riot the others. If you’re already proposing an alliance against the others then they will turn on me next.
>>
No. 916865 ID: c0641d

> Sees Line Reaver’s move.

Ladies and gentlemen... we got ‘em. Looks like he made the bigger immediate blunder of his possible responses.

“kL11 to J12.” Don’t act concerned about that Yellow knight; Salvior would have to be a dumbass to deftly postpone our early rook-freeing trap only to walk right back into it with a juicier piece.
>>
No. 916896 ID: 70be57
File 154702806217.jpg - (2.92MB , 3036x4053 , 4 way chess 11.jpg )
916896

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rWHRObINrA
>>
No. 916904 ID: c0641d

"Nah, I'm done. I can settle for locking down your right side. bN9 to K6."
>>
No. 916911 ID: 70be57
File 154704544538.jpg - (2.78MB , 3031x3873 , 4 way chess 12.jpg )
916911

>>
No. 916944 ID: 5caa1d

Well this is annoying. You can trade your knight for his bishop, which is in your favour, but then youll lose your own bishop. If you protect your bishop, youll lose your knight. Theres no way to protect them both i can see.
Either way, you effectively 'lose' 3 points worth. I think saving the bishop would be the better option though. It should descalate the situation with Line Reaver while also making him bring out his king, which the other players might want to take advantage of.
K6 to J7. That cuts off several of his knight's moves.
>>
No. 916949 ID: c0641d

Oh... OH! "Strange move... Ah..." I THINK I KNOW WHAT WATAKUSHI IS GOING FOR HERE! Let's see how Salvior likes being forced to make tough calls. (Seriously, I can't think of another reason for her to make that move.)

"Whatever gave you that idea, Salvior? As far as I can tell, I've only been setting up plays against Line Reaver, never minding the others. kK12 to I10."
>>
No. 916950 ID: c0641d

*"kJ12 to I10."
>>
No. 916951 ID: 5caa1d

What tough call are you talking about? We're just going to lose the bishop if we move our knight to I10, with no way to take back.
>>
No. 916953 ID: c0641d

Watakushi is about to threaten Salvior's rook with her bishop (in a way that doesn't even risk her bishop, mind you). Why else would she move that pawn out of position? (If I'm right; "And frankly, it's kinda funny that you're the one that feels the need to tell me this.")
>>
No. 916968 ID: 70be57
File 154709459083.jpg - (819.32KB , 3044x998 , 4 way chess 13.jpg )
916968

>>
No. 917120 ID: c0641d

I'm sure Salvior can accept trading his knight (3pts) with our bishop (5pts), so asking Watakushi to move her Queen is pointless, even if she agrees. By her previous move, we can already tell she's set herself up to move her bishop to B10 and threaten Salvior's rook (5pts), so he'd have to sacrifice that if he wants to spend his turn taking our bishop, which is a mite bit harder for him to swallow, I think. I vote to save our knight (moving it to I10) and trust that Watakushi knew what she was doing when she moved that pawn.
>>
No. 917123 ID: da32de

Yeah i agree with that i guess. Try to give an innocuous-yet-meaningful look to Watakushi at the same time.
>>
No. 917299 ID: c0641d

“Wait... Did the Dimensional’s turn get skipped?” If someone confirms: “Why didn’t you say anything? Thought we wouldn’t notice you letting your turn pass over, did you?!” (Aiming the blame on him would be the most ideal. It may have been Watakushi that jumped the gun, but whether Line Reaver letting it go through was an opportunity to ignore the rules or an act of gross incompetency at least on par with Watakushi’s (if not moreso), it’s clear that he should receive the brunt of the reprimand, and this is what we should argue if push comes to shove.)
>>
No. 917341 ID: 70be57

Shit, my bad
>>
No. 917346 ID: 70be57
File 154728540009.jpg - (2.89MB , 3077x4251 , 4 way chess 14.jpg )
917346

I have erased the previous update. This is the correct version of the game. Honestly, if you were quite I wouldn't even notice this and your protagonist wouldn't be in this predicament again
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason