[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 925850)
Message
File []
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 20000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 3872 unique user posts. View catalog

File 155266688926.jpg - (469.12KB , 1920x1045 , alejandro-burdisio-landscape-dirigibles-y-ranchos-.jpg )
925850 No. 925850 ID: 2007b6

It's not easy to tell time when the sun's always directly overhead.

That red moon is no good either. Maybe she's afraid to linger too often in the same part of the sky, like courtiers rotate through dresses.

A few stars are visible, dancing as if in pain.

Near as anyone can tell, that distant screaming - well, the coordinated kind - comes every twelve and a half hours, at what should be dawn and dusk. If that's right, tomorrow will be the first day of Resplendent Fire, and the first full month since the cataclysm which dropped a fifty-mile-wide chunk of Creation into the Demon Realm.

What have you done?
Expand all images
>>
No. 925851 ID: 2007b6

https://tgchan.org/wiki/RNG_XALT.qst

Earn XP by posting in this thread, preferably with complex actions and additions to the game's continuity. For faster resolution of tactical combat and anything else that's more about a series of individually simple yet consecutively contingent responses, use the Discord server.

Any action you want me to take seriously and provide mechanical resolution for should include rolling a bucket full of ten-sided dice. That's dice 30d10 in the "Email" field. Or more than thirty, if you'd like.
>>
No. 925855 ID: 54735b

Alright, the simple mechanical stuff out of the way first. After the Resolution with Morse's Resonance Eruption, she needs 3 weeks to train up the following things.

Shapeshifting Knack: 2 weeks in Lute's Chancel and talking with the Sandpoint Devil for Deadly Beastman Transformation 11 exp

Bruise Relief Method: 2-4 days of training. 10 exp

Halting the Scarlet Flow: 4-8 days training. 10 exp.

And spending a week practicing Craft (Water) with anyone that will teach her

Total EXP spent 33/32 (33 with this post)and all the time she's not training is spent bothering Morse, attempting to socialize with Malice, Lute, Bridgette, The Immaculates (mostly learning what their specific views on Anathema are and any stories they might have to steal from, as well as thanking them for giving her a sense of direction.), and the rest of the town people in roughly that order.

In truth, she's trying to socialize with Morse too, but that's mostly a bother.
>>
No. 925860 ID: 54735b

Also, since I needed to mark down the changes, I forgot to apply this.

Prehensile Tail: 2 points
Thick Skin (Flavored as really thick fur): 2 points
Night Vision: 1 point
Talons: 2 points

So River's rough stat block while fully loaded in DBM Form

Str: 4 Per: 4 Cha: 3
Dex: 5 Int: 1 Man: 1
Sta: 5 Wit: 4 App: 3

Weapons:
Claws of the Silver Moon:
Speed: 5 Accuracy: +2 (base 12 dice) Damage: +7L/OVW 2 (base 11 dice) Defense: +2 Rate: 3

Defense:
Parry DV: 6 (5 dex+5 MA+2 Punch)/2
Dodge DV: 4 (5 dex+3 essence)/2

Soak 7 bashing 4 lethal
>>
No. 925865 ID: 2007b6

In particular, who's spent time patrolling the surrounding area, or gathering, compiling, and updating available maps, or anything like that?
>>
No. 925949 ID: 2007b6

>>919912
The blood ape lumberjack's directions are out of date, since the landscape has been distorted by the addition of that chunk of Creation. As a direct result, Bridget misjudges the distance and lands in what could usefully be described as a miles-wide oxbow lake severed from it's source - formerly part of the Avarice River.

She splashes down more than a mile from shore in water over a hundred feet deep. It's moderately cold below the mist-shrouded surface, but that's nothing Hardship-Surviving Mendicant Spirit and Stamina 5, Athletics 5, Resistance 3 can't cope with - just a few hours of frustration without solid enough footing. After swimming to shore, and one or two more mountain-crossing leaps, she's close enough to feel Cecelynian essence radiating from that manse which controls one of the more stable passages between the Hrotsvitha, the Spawning Forest and the city of Malfeas.

The lumberjack's information on who owns that manse is also behind the times. Within the past few days, some castoff exalt from House Sesus killed the previous landlord, plundered a vault in the basement, crowned herself Queen of the Bathhouse, started minting coins with her own face on one side, a weird lumpy scorch mark on the other. Her sword burns with green fire, her shield is illegally blue, her armor searing red, her hair dazzling gold - seems nobody can agree on anything about her appearance except that it's intensely colorful. She walks unseen, but where she has been a trail of sweet-smelling smoke often lingers.

There's a long queue of demons waiting in line to get through the gate. Many of them wear armor made from eyes and tentacles, which are not only sapient, but can speak Rivertongue well enough for Bridget to understand. At least one of those living armors is happy enough to share the previous paragraph's gossip and rumors about the political situation. Procedures at the gate have changed, and nobody seems to agree on all the details of what the new costs and contraband rules are, so there's been a lot of delay.

An eight foot tall two-headed centipede wearing elaborate robes, possibly some mid-ranking bureaucrat, gets in an argument with one of the human guards. The angry demon spits a glob of tarry stuff which starts visibly corroding the guard's armor, then a tree-trunk-sized energy cannon on the roof of the manse fires a bolt of green sunlight, reducing the demon to a cloud of ash and flying chitin fragments. Remainder of the crowd barely reacts, apart from a momentary pause in the music to assess what just happened.
>>

rolled 3, 7, 1, 4, 10, 2, 8, 5, 4, 10, 1, 6, 5, 10, 3, 2, 10, 1, 5, 10 = 107

>XP expenditures during the month of downtime:
27 xp, First Kimbery Excellency (1 day)
3 xp, Linguistics 2 to 3 (instant)
9 xp, Blue Vervain Binding (3 days)
11 xp, Stone Skipping Spirit (6 days)
50 xp, 10 days total.

BVB provides translation between a group, but it can also be used to teach linguistic dots as a training effect, if any other PCs want em.

>Other Stuff Lute's been up to besides training:
Lute showed Rivers how to spot chancel doors, and introduced Rivers to the Sandpoint Devil, so she might train her lunar arts within the wyld pocket. A formal introduction in order to qualify for the freehold's hospitality involves being left tied and bound as "bait" for an "ambush", dressed in simple linens, with a letter pinned in the subject's hair. (Allowances may be made for those without limbs to bind, or hair to pin) An image of a bird should be worn- in the carved head of the hairpin, in a locket or other jewellery, or painted or tattooed somewhere on the body.

It was considerably harder to convince Rivers that the dress was a necessary part of the ritual than being tied up.

The Infernal Vizier also met with Morse to share secrets and lore, as the deathknight had been ever so interested in discovering what in the world sidereals are. As a result, the dread bard is now aware of the Five-Score Fellowship, and a more accurate retelling of history than the blatant propaganda she was first taught (that is not without it's own biases and manipulation, of course). Lute's presumably learned some interesting things about the land of the dead, as well. Much of this conversation took place under the aegis of Screaming in Silence, of course.

Lute also spent time with Bridges the Sun and Moon, working to wear down her intimacy of fear towards Morse, and trying to broker a peace between the two. In general, trying to foster intimacies that would allow the group of celestial exalts that have come together to cooperate seems a good idea.

Reinforcing the budding mortal cult indirectly worshiping Sandpoint Devil in ritual attempts to ward off arson. Some artwork with embedded social attacks encouraging the behavior couldn't hurt!

Organizing Adorjan defenses among the mortals also seems pretty important. There's people lost and bereft and in need of new purpose in life, and there can be no silence without death.

Probably some time spent working with Red and Gold, though I'm not sure what the next step in his grand plans are.

(That's probably plenty to fill a month with? If anyone wants to get more detailed with any PC-PC stuff, we can).

>In particular, who's spent time patrolling the surrounding area, or gathering, compiling, and updating available maps, or anything like that?
Hmm, with Efficient Secretary Technique and/or scouting trips about the airship, Lute seems like the best positioned for updating maps / gathering intelligence on the area. Defensive patrols seem like they would be best suited to bound demons through Red and Gold.
>>
No. 926060 ID: 54735b

Because BVB is a thing now, spending 3 exp into training debt to buy Old Realm and finally know what people are saying. And also ease of communication with Malice.
>>
No. 926063 ID: afdebc

Umbrageous Waxwing Dell
Wood Aspect Dragon-Blooded (Lookshy)

Iconic Anima: Whorls of lily of the valley, blossoms swaying in an unfelt breeze
Motivation: Learn the dances of lost Saigoth

Strength 2 Dexterity 5 Stamina 3
Charisma 2 Manipulation 2 Appearance 3
Perception 3 Intelligence 2 Wits 4

Compassion 1, Conviction 3, Temperance 2, Valor 3

Essence 2, Willpower 10
Personal 14, Peripheral 37 (27 Base + 10 from Skinmounts)
2/14 Personal committed (Silken Armor)
18/37 Peripheral committed (10m Wicked Stepmother Boots, 4m Jade Short Powerbow, 4m Builder Bugs)

Aspect: Archery, Medicine, Performance, Ride and Survival
Favored: Integrity, Awareness, Martial Arts

Abilities / Skills:
*Archery 2
*Awareness 1
Bureaucracy 1
Dodge 3
*Integrity 1
Linguistics 3 (Native: Rivertongue, Others: High Realm, Low Realm, Old Realm)
Lore 2
*Martial Arts 3
*Medicine 5
Melee 2
*Performance 5 (While Under Fire +2)
Resistance 3 (Wicked Stepmother Boots +2)
*Ride 0
Sail 2
Stealth 1
*Survival 5
War 2

Charms:
Wind-Carried Words Technique
Elemental Bolt Attack
Infection-Banishing Prana
First Survival Excellency
Hostile Environment Preparation Method
First Performance Excellency
Invisible Street Performer Technique
Third Resistance Excellency

Mutations, Merits and Flaws:
None

Backgrounds:
Arsenal 3 (2 allies, 11/11 dots: ••• Builder Bugs, •• Jade Short Powerbow (Spring’s Lesson), •• Horn of the Ways, •• Purifying Mercy Stone, • Stone of Breath, • Swaying Grass Dance Style manual)
Artifact 3 (••• Wicked Stepmother Boots, •• Silken Armor, • Fivefold Harmonic Adaptor (Moonsilver-Jade) )
Artifact 2 (•• Skinmount Amulet x2)
Breeding 3
Connections 1 (Guild)
Destiny 3 (Twins Raised Apart)
Manse 3 (The Respite of Alpine Amenities: Air Aspected, Gem of Elemental Travel, Maintenance, Comfort Zone, Magical Conveniences x2, Central Control, Essence Vents, Mela's Sweet Whisper, Minor Traps and Tricks)
Resources 3 (The Respite of Alpine Amenities)

Mundane Equipment / Resource Purchases:
Medical Supplies
Chiaroscuran Glass Knife

Intimacies:
Dance (Unrealized Passion)
Wicked Stepmother Boots (Stubborn Pride)
Cathak Othok Dythyk (Friendship)
Fanged Flair Effulgence (Exasperated Loyalty)
Karal Tin Otter (TBD)
[Calamari God’s DB] (TBD)
Her Ordained Role (Duty) [A negative intimacy]

BP Spent:
+18 Free with Chargen
-5 raising WP to 10
-6 Medicine, Performance, Survival 5
-4 Breeding 3
-3 Three Background dots

Revised character sheet for my DB, replacing the previous draft >>919901. This also includes slight tweaks to the manse, so >>920201 is out of date.

Arsenal Budget is 5 + 3 * (Pooling Lookshian allies), which works out to 11 with FFE and KTO assisting. With Calamari God's character it would be 14, in which case I would have three more dots to spend. (Maybe another hearthstone, or Wound Healing Needles?)
>>
No. 926065 ID: 094652

rolled 5, 1, 4, 9, 5, 10, 9, 5, 2, 1, 9, 8, 6, 7, 5, 9, 1, 4, 1, 6, 8, 5, 10, 4, 4, 4, 2, 3, 7, 7 = 161

Exp spent (not finalized):
4 <- 1 Stamina (18XP, 3 Weeks)

Embri's superiors are somewhere between "utterly frustrated at the level of incompetence and mental degradation in their covert ops field unit" and "incapacitated from laughter at the tales of the antics of their unit and the weirdos they encountered". If she hadn't caused many of them to bust a gut with their hyena imitations, they would have treated her as a potential rogue agent and put her down immediately, but the morale boost to their day gave them the patience to comb her report and found it... eh, passable.

Decisions have been processed through the enormous, mountain-spanning webway of religious resistors, mortal memory banks, Anti-Gremlin security protocols, and overheating CPUs - Centralized Pantheon Understudies. Oh and the second-largest bureaucracy on the underside of Creation, but definitely not the densest. Or safest. And certainly neither the epitome of sanity or doorway to Wyld horror.

Eventually, votes are tallied and the upper heads agree: despite her obvious malfunctioning, Embers in the Softly-Lighted Halls of the Good and Graceful is still the best candidate for Operation Controlled Burn's Field Relations Officer. She has made successful contact with surprisingly many of the minor players on the scene, while relatively uncompromised by the major players. She will need 'serious repairs' but is otherwise capable of further deployment... for now.

The operation is designed to poke and prod at the skirts of the recent cataclysm, looking for 'cavities' of corruption and insanity to fix, and ultimately opportunities to exploit for the explicit purpose of productive asset gathering. Best case scenario, they annex a province and pretend to look dumb while desperately mining the necessary materials. Worst case, someone manages to throw a god-cat at a Seal and all hell breaks loose. Embri will be their distraction and if necessary their diplomat, while other Alchemical Exalted agents make contact with the entities Embri has reported, and slowly build up an information network.

In other words, just another day at work.

Embri is sent for 'invasive re-education' to keep her new 'cover story' from devolving into a complete delusion that overrides her core protocols, but it is otherwise kept on a subconscious trigger so at necessary moments she may play dumb to a ridiculously deceptive degree; while someone is grilling her on her origins she'll hold that trigger down as if her life depends on it, and after a short period without origin story requests her grip on her delusion will loosen until she remembers herself truly. While her mind is reworked, a thorough analysis of her body has revealed a disturbing level of physical and neural degradation, and not just in terms of that giant hole in her abdomen or her current delusions. The engineers decide they need to concentrate their efforts on reinforcing the physical weakness as it appears closest to total cascade failure. What little they are allowed to glean from her adventure reveals a disturbing unwillingness to use tools despite her obfuscation powers for fear of running out of ammunition during a long campaign, and given the open specifications of her next mission they are inclined to agree with her motives for conservation but not the actual act. They petition requests to other departments for a solution to this issue, though they are forced to pretend their Adamant is someone else. Alternatively, they might get experimental and request an extra week for Embri in the pools, with the intention of installing an Alloyed Reinforcement of Flesh. You don't really care as much about ammo conservation if you can tank hits long enough to line up shots, after all.
>>
No. 926072 ID: afdebc

>>919615
>>919623
For bookkeeping purposes, I'm gonna transcribe some stuff from Discord for Fanged Flair Effulgence. Open to revision by strgy or JL as needed.

>Arsenal 2
With 2 allies (KTO and UWD), the budget is (3+2*2) = 7 dots.

2-dot Gemstone of Deep Drink
2-dot Toolkit for lawship repair.
1-dot Air compressor, magitech equivalent of an omen engine (for air hokey table)
1-dot Jade hearthstone amulet
1-dot freshwater pearl

With Calimari God's DB, this budget would increase to 9, giving two more points to spend. (Maybe on a 2-dot windslave disk?)

>Retainers 2
Incomplete character sheets for the npc mortals, to be expanded as needed.

At least some of these mortals are romantically and/or sexually involved with Cathak Othok Dythyk.

5 non-heroic mortals

6/4/3 to spend on Attributes
18 ability dots, 1 favored ability
5 background dots
21 BP

Common Abilities:
Archery 1
Bureaucracy 2
Craft (air) 2
Craft (other) 1
Linguistics 1 (Native: Rivertongue, Others: Old Realm)
Lore 2
Occult 1
Resistance 2
Sail 3
(15/18 spent, 3 more points vary by character, before BP)

Everyone’s mundane equipment comes out of FEE’s Resource 4. They’re armed with firewands (or possibly the infernal equivalent so it’s easier to resupply in hell?)

Bodyguard:
Wits 4, Perception 4, Awareness 3

Cook:
Craft (water)

Weather Shaman:
Occult favored, Transcendent Desert Creature, Creature of Darkness, Enlightened Essence

Initiate level Art of Geomancy
Adept level Art of Elemental Air / Art of Weather Working (merged by house rules)

Fire Summoner:
Occult favored, Master level Art of Elemental Fire
>>
No. 926085 ID: 2007b6

>>926058
Attracting Madelrada's full attention through prayer would require a festival involving at least a hundred dedicated celebrants and, ideally, many additional casual participants. Ten days minimum, since she's E10, and she probably won't use maximum haste in the course of her approach without an actual emergency.

For mapping purposes I'm going to break the region up into hexes twelve miles wide and a hundred feet thick. Minimal exploration is a day's work for a party of competent mortal scouts in open terrain, two days in difficult terrain (such as forests), three or more days in extreme terrain - assuming they can traverse it at all. Even with rapid movement or senses able to observe the entire hex much more quickly than that, accurately committing the information to paper takes time and skill.

The transplanted section of Creation is 21 hexes, three of which are mostly water. At minimum, you'll want to update local maps with the new border. Scouting out the 20 adjacent hexes of Hrotsvitha might be a good start on defense-in-depth. That's just for ground level; long as we're on the subject of depth, there are layers of catacombs under the ground, which will take much longer to explore, and beyond there's the opposite face of the shell. In a mature forest, canopy level is high enough to count as a separate hex. Ancient primordial forests might have more than one such layer. Then, there's the possibility of Jacint's basalt causeways arcing through the sky up above - it's possible to map large airborne features from the ground, given either a 1-dot artifact range-finding scope, or two widely-separated vantage points and knowledge of trigonometry (four dots in Lore to derive the formulae as you go, or a specialty in surveying, or any intro-level First Age math textbook) but you might miss details, and definitely can't establish a real territorial claim that way.

Establishing metaphysical ownership over a hex (after chasing off rival claimants, of course) and maintaining basic government services takes a lot of work - conveniently, the pathfinder kingdom-management Build Points map roughly to the Guild's dirham, a 16-pound ingot worth about 1/25th of a talent of jade. Claiming a hex costs a dirham, and maintaining that claim costs another per month, but decent farmland produces two dirham worth of surplus food per month (averaged out over the course of the year - more in the season of fire, less in the season of water) and almost any other economic activity is at least enough to break even. Setting up the infrastructure for those activities costs a few more dirham worth of work, though, as does building fortifications, or maintaining a military, or the administrative and logistical overhead of denser urban areas.

Fortunately, you don't necessarily need to pay in cash. A single first circle demon bound by sorcery can do the work of five or ten mortal laborers (different species vary in suitability for particular tasks) with no need for food or wages. A Magnitude 2 army of demons produces a dirham's worth of labor per month, or roughly one dirham per demon per ten years.

How many more does Seven Broken Wings Of Red And Gold intend to summon, and to what purposes will they be set?
>>
No. 926111 ID: 2007b6

>>926072
The cook has three dots in Craft (Water) and one dot in Melee. Mastery of a thaumaturgical art requires four dots in Occult, and for nonheroic mortals that fourth dot must be bought with BP.
>firewands (or possibly the infernal equivalent so it’s easier to resupply in hell?)
If you're using algarel, demonic acid equivalent of firedust, whoever's in charge of the armory needs a dot in Craft (Vitriol) and Wits 2 to understand safe handling procedures - more is better. Initiate-level alchemy would let you brew it in-house from common Malfean materials.
>>
No. 926184 ID: c7496c

rolled 4, 6, 8, 6, 4, 4, 1, 1, 10, 5, 7, 4, 5, 9, 6, 1, 10, 9, 1, 8, 4, 6, 10, 8, 5, 4, 7, 3, 5, 10 = 171

>>925949
>She splashes down more than a mile from shore in water over a hundred feet deep.

She seems to be in the habit of jumping into puddles she doesn't want to leave her companions in. She really ought to start looking before she leaps.
This might have presented a more serious problem for the Disciple of Mela had the blood ape not been a strong swimmer- seeing the trajectory had them headed towards the middle of a lake, Bridget was able to cast them mid-flight to land a little closer to shore.

>a few hours of frustration without solid enough footing
Assuming a mote recovery of 6m per hour, that's 18 motes...
>two more mountain-crossing leaps
That of course is 20m 2w, leaving Bridget with:
19/26/4 Personal Peripheral and WP.

>At least one of those living armors is happy enough to share the previous paragraph's gossip and rumors about the political situation. Procedures at the gate have changed, and nobody seems to agree on all the details of what the new costs and contraband rules are, so there's been a lot of delay.
How nice of it to share! And it shares a language with her too! Deciding to press her luck, Bridget dons the sun's armor and asks what the fastest way to secure some medical grade bone wine would be.

Activating IKB for 6m, leaving her anima flaring and her mote pools at 13/26/4.
>>
No. 926191 ID: 2007b6

>>926184
>cast them mid-flight to land a little closer to shore
That wouldn't normally be possible - or rather, taking other actions mid-leap would result in terminal-velocity fall damage - but the one-die benefit of the stunt off that previous water landing means it can be done just this once. The two-die benefit, meanwhile, means you can edit in some convenient but plausible feature, such as a vendor selling bonewine on the near side of the gate. You also recover either 4m or 1wp from the stunt award.
>How nice of it to share! And it shares a language with her too! Deciding to press her luck, Bridget dons the sun's armor and asks what the fastest way to secure some medical grade bone wine would be.
Another 4m or 1 wp stunt award, though that's very close to the minimum needed to qualify.

>anima flaring
The crowd that barely flinched at disintegration quickly flies into screaming panic at the sight of that golden brand on Bridget's forehead. "Medical? Well, you can buy pretty good bonewine by... holy shit, it's a gigantic copper spider!"

Glancing behind herself, the only spider Bridget notices is barely the size of a pony, and mostly matte black with occasional reddish-brown tufts, a color scheme more associated with iron than any sort of copper alloy. Where Bridget is from, even babies know that kind of thing. This particular spider-demon was simply waiting in line between a pair of heavily pregnant hairless lavender humanoids; all three are now cringing and groveling (yet carefully maintaining their relative positions in line) rather than posing any sort of obvious threat to anyone.

The human guards are shouting at each other in Low Realm, but Bridget picks up the occasional Rivertongue loan-word. Seems they're fetching weapons and moving to a defensive formation, and something about "unclean." Except for that guy who got the caustic tar spit on him - he needs medical attention, which has now became a lower priority for whoever would normally provide it.
>>
No. 926194 ID: 54735b

Xanin wanted for this all to go smoothly. After her swift but brutal taking over of the area around the hot springs, she had been smoothing things out.

And now all of a sudden there was an Anathema, lit up like a Calibration tree, not even 200 yards away, and her soldiers had already noticed, so it wasn't like she could get out of dealing with this. So, she strode out of her watch station, the demons averting their eyes to avoid gazing at her azure shield, and standing aloft like a crimson statue, pointing a silver handle at Bridget, with a crown as radiant and golden as the Solar's own anima with a cigar hanging out of her mouth.

"So, Anathema, you're causing a stir in my new outpost. Normally, I'd let you pass as a human and representative of creation on account of not looking for your particular brand of demon in Malfeas, but you've gone and advertised yourself like you were looking for a fight and riled up my men.

"So even though I'm working more closely with the locals than the immaculates might prefer, unfortunately for you, there are still some duties expected of a prince of the earth, and driving you back at least so far as whatever pit you crawled out of is one of them.

"I'll at least be merciful and fight you in single combat as opposed to risking the fine mortals under my command and trying to encircle you."

And like a flash of light, she leapt from the elevated platform and landed in front of Bridget, a wave of heat flying past her like a shock wave.
>>
No. 926196 ID: 54735b

rolled 8, 7, 9, 3, 7, 6, 9, 1, 10, 4, 1, 8, 3, 4, 1, 6, 9, 10, 4, 8, 10, 6, 2, 8, 8, 8, 2, 3, 8, 7 = 180

>>
No. 926207 ID: 2007b6

>>926194
Strength 6 + Athletics 4, minus two for the mobility penalty on artifact superheavy plate, plus a two-die stunt, would mean you can jump twenty yards horizontally. One or two motes on the First Athletics Excellency could provide another four yards each. Since you're starting from a high place, spending two motes through that shield could provide a little bit more horizontal distance by gliding, and possibly enough time to take some action in mid-air - descending at least fifty yards would be enough for a full Aim bonus (including the Sand Serpent Jewel) to be applied to an attack which also enjoys a "high ground" DV modifier by virtue of taking place while you're still in mid-air.

How tall is the manse? Who (if anyone) is manning the infernal essence cannon while you descent to confront the anathema?

>>926196
Five successes on Join Battle.
>>
No. 926218 ID: e4aa95

rolled 1, 7, 8, 10, 10, 4, 6, 7, 8, 4, 2, 5, 6, 9, 9, 9, 6, 4, 3, 1, 2, 8, 7, 9, 2, 8, 5, 7, 2, 9 = 178

>>926194
Alright, time to do something incredibly stupid. I'm going to try to stand between the dragonblood and the anathema.

DoM pushes her way through a crowd of demons and rushes in front of Bridget, mayfly mask still constricting her speech, begging bowl in one hand, the other hand waving wildly.
>>
No. 926219 ID: c8a0f5

>How tall is the manse?

The Manse is an irregular 7 sided pagoda with 5 tiers, each 40 feet tall internally. This is surrounded by a wall that's 50 feet tall at the boundary of the manse's area with 12 gates that divide the manse's path into 11 sections. The gates operating on a timer so that two are open at any given time opposite each other and they change every 10 minute.

In this regard, it always takes 50 minutes from start to finish to get from the outside to the inside or the other way around, regardless of what entrance you start from.

Xanin is starting on the 50 foot wall, so ~17 yards, but as stated in the discord, the distance was already about 20 yards horizontally, so mechanically it's all good either way.

>Who (if anyone) is manning the infernal essence cannon while you descent to confront the anathema?

The same person that normally mans it, a Tomescu (replacing a Blood Ape after one disastrous half hour of having one at the helm)
>>
No. 926220 ID: 8d924c

>>926085
Red and Gold doesn't really intend to stop any time soon. Two demons in any given day is about the rate I'd expect to try and maintain, mostly tomescu and marottes, with perhaps a heranhal and neomah to round things out.

The tomescu are set to the task of patrolling the area, serving as security mostly in the surroundings of the town unless something urgent requires them further away. The marottes are set to building defenses on the outskirts of this bit of Creation, with one or two perpetually working on the temple complex once a functional forge is prepared for the heranhal to do more detail oriented work. Given a month to work at it, even simple things like trenches and basic earthworks should make the prospect of defending this place much more reasonable. Unfortunately, we don't have the infrastructure or manpower to do so, but at least this should be a start.

Red and Gold himself will spend much of the time instructing the locals on their new home, and the many dangers. Mostly honestly. He'll leave out any information about the Reclamation itself, of course, but information about their surroundings has to be conveyed truthfully if they're going to survive here for long. That'll be difficult even with him spending every evening at the local hospitality establishment explaining these things.

Hopefully by providing enough volume of information, some of it will eventually soak in.
>>
No. 926224 ID: 5f3f48

>>926085
>Attracting Madelrada's full attention through prayer would require a festival involving at least a hundred dedicated celebrants and, ideally, many additional casual participants. Ten days minimum, since she's E10, and she probably won't use maximum haste in the course of her approach without an actual emergency.
On the one hand, getting that started as soon as possible might be wise, but with the population reeling from recent disasters, Lute is not sure they can sustain a ten day festival, yet. There's some necessary putting together of broken pieces, logistical and social groundwork that will need doing first.

Lute’s certainly willing to help with the mapping efforts (craft(air) is certainly applicable), but we'll need people with survival scores doing the actual scouting. Which will mean collaboration with Morse, Rivers, and/or Bridget, or compiling maps from the reports of Red and Gold's summoned demons.

Lute’s pleased to be finally working alongside Green Sun Princess who aren't hellbent on getting themselves killed as quickly as possible.
>>
No. 926226 ID: c8a0f5

Okay, to summarize the fight.

Disciple of Mela tried to step in and stop the fight, but ultimately was ignored.

Xanin tried to intimidate Bridget into leaving on threat of "I will kill you for real" to which Bridget ignored.

Bridget responded with "I need to get some medicine for a fallen Immaculate and come in peace." Xanin retorted with the fact that walking up to an area controlled by Realm Soldiers with a Solar Anima banner is stupid, just get someone else to buy the medicine since now people know your face and that you're a Solar. Bridget didn't leave.

So, Xanin started the fight proper by carving several verses about Anathema onto her hands face and every square inch of exposed skin. Bridget proceeded to try and grapple only to get burned by the Beamklave.

Then Xanin failed to cut off Bridget's hand and leave a lightsaber wound through her eyes, but still left enough deep wounds to force her to flee from her -4 health box filled with lethal damage, leaving the DoM to wait in the line to get into the 50 minute path to the temple to buy the Bone Wine.
>>
No. 926236 ID: 62a60c

>>926226
After bounding into the brass forest, Bridget slowly made her way just out of view from the Manse. There, she meditated for a few moments, the flame of the Unconquered Sun flowing through her being. Somewhat steadied by it warmth, existence forgetting the most recent exploits of Sesus Xanin and her blade, Bridget ascended into the treetops to watch and wait for her companions to secure the needed supplies.
Mechanically invoking Soul Fire Resurgence 4 times over the course of several actions, healing her -4 health level and the first -2 health level.
Currently at 10/26/4
Injury box filled to the first -2 level.
>>
No. 926284 ID: b7e6b7

rolled 10, 4, 4, 9, 5, 7, 1, 10, 8, 9, 4, 6, 7, 4, 4, 7, 1, 2, 4, 5, 9, 3, 7, 8, 1, 10, 5, 3, 4, 3 = 164

>>926236
DoM considers chasing after Bridget to help, but stops herself. She has a job to do. She'll turn and respectfully approach Xanin. Not sure what I can convey with sign, but the message will be something like, "I have come from the nameless village, which is beset with violence and suffering. One of my fellow monks is dying, please help us!"
>>
No. 926303 ID: 094652

rolled 7, 4, 3, 10, 10, 5, 8, 10, 8, 6, 4, 4, 4, 10, 5, 3, 4, 5, 4, 8, 9, 6, 6, 2, 7, 3, 3, 8, 5, 8 = 179

Embri has undergone changes before. But this one was long overdue.
Her body's endurance is upgraded to phenomenal levels. The engineers are simply dumbfounded at the physical degradation she suffered from supposedly top-notch maintenance within an Autochthonian nation. They are certain this was an intentional and malicious act.
For a ninja, she didn't have many stealth techniques installed. Again, the engineers are convinced this 'Adamant' thing is merely a joke, and this unfortunate Exalted was built to fail by a Tripartite who reeeally hated one of her past incarnations. They are quick to grow her an Optical Shroud and put her assassination skills to good use.
Some general overhaul to her general systems to take the strain off her systems - HEY WHO PUT AN IMAGE OF A RUBBER CHICKEN IN HER BACKSIDE?! Okay this is definitely sabotage now. (2 general charm slots)
And now that Embri has enough structural stability to install another augmentation, they decide she can wait another week if it means getting an upgrade to her sniping abilities. That bow, strong as it is, will not hit if the timewarped arrow is not aimed properly in the first place.

And after all her new upgrades are finally installed does they realize
they forgot to plug the hole in her abdomen.
...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hyOLydRFfU
Embri attempts to craft a stable housing and camoflage for her jar in her abdomen with the help of the engineers - one which will only open if she presses specific points on what looks like regular skin.
(If Embri somehow fails to construct a proper home for her jar, she'll secure the heart in the outpost and just bring frost-venom-tipped arrows between resource runs.)
>>
No. 926320 ID: 54735b

>"I have come from the nameless village, which is beset with violence and suffering. One of my fellow monks is dying, please help us!"

Xanin had to give a bit of a look. "The air is safe enough for conversation on this side of the boundary, and in the gates themselves it isn't harmful in the slightest, so you can take off the mask.

"But, since the situation seems to have grown bad enough for you to be knowingly working with an Anathema, I'd like a status report from your side of things."

Now that the fight was over, her green jade blade retracted into its adamant grip and was tied once more to her armor and she tried to adopt a more sympathetic tone, like a concerned mother or teacher trying to be more friendly than authoritarian.
>>
No. 926322 ID: 2007b6

>>926236
Compassion applies, since you took those wounds in the course of trying to help somebody. The way the dice turned out, those four willpower actually recovered everything but the -0.
>>
No. 926340 ID: 2007b6

>>926236
Creaks, cracks, a horrid metallic rending sound, then some crunches and thumps. Brazen bark peeled away from the trunk, someone using it as a handhold now fallen to the ground. Bug-headed humanoid with parchment-colored skin dusts itself off, straightening plain scholar's robes, stands back up, mutters to itself in Old Realm "alright, forget the subtle approach, never works out for me anyway," then cups long-nailed hands into a cone, leans back, and shouts up at Bridget in Rivertongue, "Honored Prince of the Earth, are you accepting students? I know how to produce that liquor which you seek, each step from seed to cup!"
>>
No. 926341 ID: 3788a0

rolled 1, 10, 9, 2, 6, 7, 1, 5, 5, 6, 2, 9, 1, 3, 5, 5, 7, 9, 7, 1, 1, 10, 1, 5, 6, 8, 3, 4, 6, 10 = 155

>>926340
Is this the same scene? If so, Bridget has Monkey Leap Technique and Iron Kettle Body active, otherwise... well, thenthen the not active I guess.

Bridget nimbly leaps from branch to branch to ground, a handful of brass foliage collected on the way down. Her caste mark sparkles across her third eye, making it clear the nature of her second breath.

"You mistake my nature. Knowledge is shared freely as duties allow. How quickly can you work?"

Bridget is not a Prince of the Earth, but otherwise she is "accepting students"- after all, is it not the duty of the solars to teach and lead? If this creature can create bonewine quickly enough, that might prove vital to the monks recovery.
>>
No. 926354 ID: 5f3f48

>>926220
When next they meet, the reflective vizier applauds the efforts of seven-winged fiend to enlighten and educate the mortals. Alas, if only her own skills in such matters were what they once were.

Lute’s lamenting the dots in socialize that got cached if for BP in her akuma conversation, and dropping a suitable opening for Red and Gold to activate Verdant Emptiness Endowment.
>>
No. 926362 ID: 2007b6

>>926341
>You mistake my nature. Knowledge is shared freely as duties allow.
The erudite mantis-beastman (or whatever it is - with no dots in Occult nor formal training in demonology, Bridget is limited to guesswork) apologizes, and humbly inquires as to what title would be appropriate.
>How quickly can you work?
Growing tree-grain with nothing but dirt and human fingerbones to start from would take months, but if you've got access to some sorcery that accelerates plant growth that won't be a problem. Brewing a batch of substandard bonewine might be just barely possible in less than a week, but if you need it immediately you're in luck: this particular naneke happens to have forty gallon barrel of "Masterful Scholar's Motionless Shipwright Vitrification Vintage," a bonewine-based brew which actually fits your peculiar medical requirements even better than the basic stuff. Left over from another project, having trouble finding a buyer.
>>
No. 926370 ID: 34a4a4

rolled 4, 9, 1, 4, 9, 6, 8, 3, 9, 2, 4, 6, 7, 6, 2, 2, 10, 4, 5, 9, 7, 10, 8, 10, 10, 9, 10, 8, 10, 5 = 197

>>926362
[...] apologizes, and humbly inquires as to what title would be appropriate.
"One indicateing you address me."

>if you've got access to some sorcery that accelerates plant growth
"Yes."

>if you need it immediately you're in luck: this particular naneke happens to have forty gallon barrel of "Masterful Scholar's Motionless Shipwright Vitrification Vintage," a bonewine-based brew which actually fits your peculiar medical requirements even better than the basic stuff. Left over from another project, having trouble finding a buyer.
"Suspicious."

Bridget, as eloquent as ever, finds it hard to believe she would be approached in the woods by a stranger who happens to have just what she needs. More curious still is that they even knows what she needs in the first place.
Her caste mark should make it apparent what type of exalt she is, so either the individual is unable to see, uneducated on the members of the exalted host, or purposefully acting ignorant for some reason. Of course, she doesn't mind being called a Prince of the Earth- she has the utmost respect for Gaias chosen crafters.
>>
No. 926374 ID: b7e6b7

rolled 9, 7, 2, 5, 5, 7, 10, 6, 2, 1, 5, 7, 2, 2, 5, 4, 4, 2, 10, 5, 4, 6, 2, 3, 2, 4, 6, 5, 7, 9 = 148

>>926320
DoM peels off the mayfly mask and takes a minute to wheeze and gag. It scurries up her arm and latches on just above her elbow.

DoM fills Sesus Xanin in on the situation up til Arberus' appearance. "The butcher shop had been demolished in the violence. Shortly after the sun turned green, a monster rose up from the rubble. It looked like nothing that has ever crept or slithered on all the lands of creation. We tried to confront it, but it commanded the townspeople to eat us, and they immediately obliged. They converged on us and began seizing, biting, striking us with whatever was on hand, possessed with mad vigor. That is how I received this knife wound. Horrid tendrils began growing from the ground, enveloping buildings. Another demon appeared to assist the first. I tried to restrain it, but I ended up separated from the village and my fellow monks in the attempt."

"I found my way back to the village, through that forest of metal trees. When I returned, I found that my fellow monks had been spared for some unknown reason or purpose. But one of the disciples is dying to wounds festering with otherworldly infection. The anathema who accompanied me... she said something called bone wine could save him, and offered to transport me here so that I could retrieve it. I took the offer for help warily, but I could see no other choice."

DoM fills Xanin in on all the other important details too, like how her Sifu claimed that the horrible tooth monster had died, and that she's not sure how he knows but she trusts his wisdom.
>>
No. 926376 ID: 54735b

"Well, this is extremely unfortunate news. I'll have to double check my personal men for the cult's influence." She was annoyed, but adept at hiding it.

"But, assuming the best case scenario and that the Anathema you came with was telling the truth, I do have a quantity of bone wine in the stores of this forward operating base. It will take some time to travel through the gates to get it, but if you had time to travel this far out, then a two hour delay shouldn't be the final nail in the coffin. And while I should charge you, I'm not heartless to the plight of humans in this literal hell, so I'll loan it to you on your honor."

"But, in return, I do have a question that I want you to answer honestly, no trick question and no obvious answers. You have a closer eye than I do on the situation as it develops, and since it seems like multiple Anathema have converged into a circle, in your opinion, should I risk my men's lives declaring a Wyld Hunt to try and kill them before they get too entrenched?"

For her part, she did seem to be genuinely asking, and avoiding making her preference for not doing that known. After all, Anathema were an unknown quantity, and she could hardly risk destroying the town because of the Immaculate Dogma, but she didn't want to come off as too weak to her men to hold fast in her duties as a prince of the earth, and a group of Anathema keeping the town in their control would bode poorly for her small kingdom carved out of hell.
>>
No. 926380 ID: b7e6b7

"Here is my opinion on the matter, and of course I will defer to your superior judgement. Many people will die if the anathema are confronted. I will go to the village and deliver your ultimatum, which will hopefully scare them off. If I do not return within a week, begin organizing the wyld hunt."
>>
No. 926381 ID: 094652

rolled 7, 5, 9, 6, 10, 5, 10, 3, 6, 1, 2, 4, 6, 1, 10, 4, 5, 8, 1, 9, 3, 2, 1, 7, 6, 3, 7, 9, 8, 3 = 161

When Embri found her way to the base, her report included witnessing a strange 'obsidian river', likely the result of a sorcery-induced volcano warping into existence. Though it took time to relay and process the information through the nation-states, they eventually replied with a curt "harvest it now". Around the same time, a small group of scouts returned confirming the river's existence, though they were near its end and could not harvest more than the shards they could safely store in pouches and containers, and have not confirmed the areas where the obsidian vein is still intact as sheets and tubes.

But they have been busy; they've reported that a specific airship, the Fanged Flair Effulgence, has been moving towards and away from the general area they estimate the river to coalesce from, a clear sign that they have discovered the vein and may be the patrol ship or the cargo freighter in this scenario. A quick summary of ship's description and Embri realizes where she has seen it before. With the knowledge of the ship's (former) captain and habits still in her mind, Embri sets out with a small group of professional engineers (glorified miners who are in the ninja village to reap creation a new one), intent on disguising them as crewmembers with the intent to harvest the obsidian themselves. And possibly steal the ship if they can manage it.

Embri spends some time stalking the crewmembers on shore leave, identifying which ones are shy and clothed enough to be replaced with decoys, and then uses her gown and wiles to lure these fools into dark alleyways where they can be seduced into consuming her fruit of the loam (literally), with the instructions to "stay here and act like a bum until your food runs out or someone orders you to leave. You never saw me". No sense murdering civilians just to steal their clothes and bounty, but if anyone pushes her disguise will still be intact.

Eventually, it's time to leave and Embri sneaks onboard the ship while the Autochthonian agents in crewmens' clothing walk their way through the boarding plank. They've all been given basic instructions on how to pilot this thing, so hopefully they won't screw this up. Hopefully.
>>
No. 926382 ID: 54735b

"Well, that's certainly brave of you. I don't imagine that this is anyone's first desire, and I know that the prospect of working with Anathema will require some amount of 'getting used to' but I think that it will be the best course of action going forwards.

"But, with that out of the way, it won't go any faster or slower if you stay out here, and for as heretical as the geomancy of this building is, it is actually quite remarkable. I don't imagine you would wish to go with me to acquire the Bone Wine for the fallen monk?"
>>
No. 926407 ID: b7e6b7

>>926382
>I don't imagine you would wish to go with me to acquire the Bone Wine for the fallen monk?
DoM looks down at her robe - still wet, grimy and tattered. She winces at the pain of her still-fresh stab wound. And as she looks around at all the trading, the music and merriment surrounding the dynast, she experiences a strange feeling of bitter resentment bubbling up inside of her. She doesn't let it reach her expression, though. Perhaps the anathema's influence is reaching me after all.

"I would like to come inside, yes. Is there a place that I may sit down?"
>>
No. 926595 ID: 54735b

"Inside the gates, there's the ground, but beyond that unfortunately not. This whole place was designed as a temple, and apparently that's significant, and most importantly built into the geomancy, so the options of changing things are slim. But, there is a medicinal spa if you'd like that wound checked over and cleaned up before you leave."

As Xanin walked with the Disciple, she explained some of the important facts of life in the near future. Like how they have found themselves cast into Hell with the demons, gesturing to the various walks of demons avoiding glancing at them for the azure on display, and that avoiding interacting with them may be quite difficult if not entirely impossible even for the town in the near future, and if they haven't done so already so get people in town to be performing around the clock in shifts or else everybody might wind up dead in short order.

She also explained how for the most part it may be her having to come alone on the Wyld Hunt, because without several dozens of those masks that the Immaculate had, trying to move them out of the Manse would kill them in one direction and turn them into wild animals intent on murdering and raping their brothers at arms.

Throughout the whole thing she put on the tone of a confident but concerned mother, trying to take an honest listen to DoM's thoughts on the matter (even if she was deciding what to do largely independent of her input) and being worried about the state of the town.
>>
No. 926649 ID: 8d924c

>>926354
"Oh, my new friend, I'm sure those skills will come back in no time at all. You only need to practice a bit. Try your hand at it. I promise you, it will come back to you."
Red and Gold doesn't hesitate to activate VEE for things like this, since every favor stocked up is one he can call on in an emergency. Real useful if things get desperate enough and normal persuasion is no good.
>>
No. 926657 ID: 8d924c

>>926224
To expand somewhat, since noone else appears to be really interfering with Red and Gold's handling of village matters, he will have dispatched his agata servant to relay some diplomatic messages to local groups, such as the lumberjacks, the Tin Orchid Academy, and other groups that might be nearby.

Establishing a trading relationship with this new bit of land is possible, and may be arranged by coordinating with the servants of the Seven Broken Wings of Red and Gold, Green Sun Prince, until such time as That Which Wears Down the Mountain chooses otherwise. Those demons seeking to SETTLE, however, must arrange this more directly, being willing to swear an oath of personal loyalty to the Green Sun Prince. The agata is welcome to describe the relative pleasantness of serving Red and Gold as compared to other masters one can choose in Malfeas. He has no real interest in torturing his servants, which can be unusual here. The oath will be a binding one, however.

Luminata seeking to settle because they wish to hunt mortals which are now established as being the property of a Green Sun Prince are to be informed that as of this time, none of the mortals may be approached for this purpose, under penalty of being rendered down into chalcanth and then bound into a form designed explicitly to cause them suffering for what will most likely be an eternity. Arrangements involving the possibility to hunt mortals CAN be reached, but not these mortals, because they're being used for something more important than the wishes of 1st circle serfs. If any luminata want to make an arrangement, they can seek out one of his servants to discuss possibilities.

The agata isn't to give much in the way of details on the bit of Creation that's been transported here that these groups don't already know themselves, other than that it's under the supervision of Red and Gold until such time as the Unquestionable are involved. That's as much as anyone should need to know, really.
>>
No. 926660 ID: 2007b6

>>926370
>More curious still is that they even knows what she needs in the first place.
You mentioned it out loud to the monk. Naneke are scholars specializing in forbidden knowledge; eavesdropping on a conversation in public is among the least of their sins.

As for 'too good to be true,' the liquor in question has... side effects. A deliberate part of the original design, but perhaps undesirable for the application to which you intend to put it. Specifically, a psychotropic simulacrum, or artificial daydream, of being paralyzed while your entire skeleton is surgically removed in segments and then replaced with similar-shaped pieces of red glass, in honor of a sailing vessel built by the Masterful Scholar, progenitor of the entire race of naneke.
>>
No. 926668 ID: e4aa95

>She also explained how for the most part it may be her having to come alone on the Wyld Hunt
"I will do what I can."

get people in town to be performing around the clock in shifts or else everybody might wind up dead in short order.
"I believe the townspeoples' hearts and minds may be too shattered to perform any task with reliability. But I'll try."

>Throughout the whole thing she put on the tone of a confident but concerned mother
DoM does seem to appreciate Xanin's sympathetic tone. During the wait, she sits on the ground, looking fairly exhausted.

>there is a medicinal spa if you'd like that wound checked over and cleaned up before you leave.
"I would, thank you."
>>
No. 926673 ID: 54735b

As the line progressed, it stayed fairly packed in the gate that they were in, but when they reached the middle section, it was a wide open courtyard with a number of vendors and moneychangers (at exorbitant rates since the old currency was largely useless now)leading the path to the Stone Pagoda. Considering time was of the essence, Xanin pulled the DoM along and into the building.

On the first floor, it was like stepping into infinity as the floor was made of silver sands and the walls didn't seem to exist. Xanin explained that this was the temple to a demon god that was integral to the Manse not exploding a horrific catastrophe and killing everyone here, and how to navigate it, coming to one of the mirrored walls to the stair case to where she left the DoM. The spa room, with a number of Sesejalia to treat open wounds and strange turtle shell baths filled with delightful water, other baths filled with what looked to be boiling oil that none-the-less some of the mortal humans seemed to be using, and several massage tables.

Clearly it was more of a gilded cage than a normal cage of Xanin's description of how her forces were ultimately trapped here rang true.

But, it would be about half an hour for the DoM to do as she pleased before Xanin would return with the bone wine, and a new set of 6 snow white silk robes for herself and all the other monks at the village.
>>
No. 926676 ID: 54735b

For three weeks, Rivers had endured miserable pain in that Chancel, but strictly speaking it wasn't as terrible as all that, since after the first week she had learned how to heal from basically any wound, so that pain was less of a 'This needs to stop' and more of a just painful thing that happens when you're being vivisected to help you transform into yourself.

But, when she voluntarily left, she needed to put a hold on shape shifting for a few weeks, give herself some cool down time. So, she did the first thing that she thought of (other than going to Lute and getting taught Old Realm through BVB).

So, shortly after that, it would presumably be brought to Red and Gold's attention that a naked silver haired woman that none of the townsfolk had seen before was cooking and waiting tables at his bar and apparently trying to seduce several of his demons.
>>
No. 926685 ID: 8d924c

>>926676
Red and Gold pulls one of the tomescu off of patrolling to accompany him as he heads towards the bar, preferring to have a bodyguard in case the stranger is determined to be hostile.

As he steps into the inn, squinting in the dimmer light, he stares for a moment at the vaguely familiar individual before he speaks.

"Good evening. I am the proprietor of this humble place of hospitality, Seven Broken Wings of Red and Gold. If you're hoping to be paid for your work, I may have to disappoint you, as currency is currently not so easy to come by, here. But if there's something else you need, perhaps I can help you?"

Red and Gold hovers in the entryway, trying to place where he might have seen the woman before, but drawing a blank. Lookshy was a long distance, and a whole different name and life away.
>>
No. 926686 ID: 54735b

>>926685

Rivers had been carrying about 10 plates of food to various customers, most of whom were demons, when Red and Gold came into the bar.

"Well, that's plenty fine, I was mostly looking to take some time to relax for a chunk of time, since I just got done being vivisected, and I was pretty good at this kind of stuff when I was a mortal."

As she was talking, she the fact that she had a tail, possum ears, and shining silver hair made it pretty obvious that she was a Lunar to anyone who knew about that kind of stuff.
>>
No. 926696 ID: afdebc

>>926649
Taking Red and Gold's advice, Lute Silhouette is pleased to find him correct, and her old skills are indeed returning to her. Isn't it wonderful to discover the greatness inside people all along?

[Socialize 0 => 1, 1 Favor owed Red and Gold per VEE]

A little while later, one of the hobgoblins of Sandpoint surreptitiously approaches the Joybringer, to inform her that weird bundle of flesh the boss has been playing with the last few weeks has finally stepped out.

>>926676
One cannot let a little thing let vivisection stand in the way of self improvement, after all!
>>
No. 926818 ID: 8d924c

>>926686
Red and Gold pauses again, taking in the statement that she'd 'got done being vivisected.' Etiquette learned in the First Age takes over, prioritizing friendly relationships with another Celestial Exalt over strange statements. One shouldn't alienate a potential ally for centuries over minor quibbles. And after all, was this not Malfeas? There were more eccentric hobbies than this, here.

"Of course! You're welcome to stay, Child of Luna, although I would ask you be gentle with the unenlightened mortals. They aren't prepared for things here in Malfeas yet, you see, although I've been working with them. The demons can handle it, though, and if you have any specific needs I can see about making arrangements. I'll ask that you be treated as a guest here, but I can't guarantee everyone's reactions, as they have undoubtedly had their heads filled with Immaculate dogma. Not all of it wrong, but enough misleading that they may have dim views that need correction. Are you here with associates?"
>>
No. 926826 ID: 54735b

"Wait, Child of Luna? I guess you don't remember me then, and here I would have thought being naked would make it more likely that bachelors and bacheloretes from Lookshy alike would recognize me. Well, that makes forgetting your name a lot less embarrassing."

Rivers walked up and offered a hand to shake.

"I'm Hundred Flowing Sweet Rivers, and as I recall we met at least a few times while you were an apprentice sorcerer engineer and I was still serving.

"But, to answer your question, I didn't come with anyone else. Actually I've been in the area for the two or three months dealing with bandits and cultists before the place was in hell, and in the last few days before that I met some nice enough people. Actually, why don't we head to the roof to get caught back up, since it's a long way from Lookshy, and I can't say I was expecting anyone I knew to show up."
>>
No. 926885 ID: 5f0ee2

rolled 5, 2, 1, 7, 4, 6, 2, 1, 7, 5, 6, 2, 10, 1, 9, 5, 6, 7, 9, 6, 4, 6, 2, 10, 9, 9, 9, 1, 9, 5 = 165

>>926660
"Offer appreciated. I await my companions. Will you accompany us to the village?
>>
No. 926887 ID: e4aa95

>>926673
After getting healed by the strange stomach bottle bug, the DoM takes a bath, sticking to remote tubs and corners where she's unlikely to be bothered.

When Xanin returns with the bonewine and the nice robes, DoM gets dressed (not what she's usually allowed to wear, but it would be insulting to refuse the gift) and thanks Xanin profusely. "Thank you for your help and hospitality. I should leave as soon as possible. My fellow missionaries are waiting for me."
>>
No. 926943 ID: e4aa95

rolled 3, 1, 1, 3, 6, 6, 8, 7, 2, 7, 2, 1, 5, 10, 5, 6, 1, 7, 9, 6, 4, 5, 3, 1, 10, 5, 2, 4, 6, 10 = 146

Rolling to try to meet up with Bridget.
>>
No. 927109 ID: 2007b6

Five days across the desert, then cruising around the Demon City finding a suitable spot to set up shop, and finally three full days for the Builder Bugs to seal up all the gaps and crevices in that forty-yard-wide iron dome atop the camshaft-like tower, then hours more to ceremonially purge the killing miasma... by the time it's safe for the mortal crew to step out and stretch their legs, they've been cooped up inside the Manta for two solid weeks.

Good news is, you've already got a client. Mauger, indulgent soul of the Spawning Forest, has a festival planned for Calibration (coming up in just a few months), but somebody's been interfering with traffic along the Way of Weights and Measures. It's a legal issue because Cecelyne has surprisingly complex rules for how long a territory can be left unattented before it's officially finders-keepers, losers-weepers. Get that real estate title dispute, or banditry or whatever it is, cleared up in time for the guests to arrive, and he'll pay you a talent of jade, or medical supplies worth at least half again that much - plus, perhaps more important, an invitation to the wild party in question, and the corresponding opportunity to meet many more potential customers with their social defenses already somewhat lowered. Sweeten-The-Tap Method, and variants thereof, might be worth studying if you can find the time before the Season of Fire is over.

So, who's going over to scout out the disputed area, and who's staying behind with the ship?
>>
No. 927119 ID: afdebc

>>927109
>So, who's going over to scout out the disputed area, and who's staying behind with the ship?
As she's employed as the firm's ranger, it's Dell's job to do this kind of scouting, thank you very much, so she'll be headed out. Also the builder bugs answer to her and they'll be useful in this kind of exercise.

Assuming someone she's poolng arsenal pools with remains (Fanged Flair Effulgence, Karal Tin Otter, or [Calamari God’s DB]) she'll leave her Purifying Mercy Stone behind with them.
>>
No. 927124 ID: 094652

rolled 6, 5, 9, 5, 5, 10, 5, 5, 3, 10, 6, 2, 1, 2, 9, 4, 9, 4, 4, 1, 10, 3, 9, 9, 9, 10, 1, 4, 9, 5 = 174

Over the course of said two weeks, Embri has cased the ship, furnished secret rooms for herself and the moles she put in the crew, and fabricated an identity for herself by cautiously editing the rosters and seducing three or so crewmembers into expendable patsies. She also spends her remaining free time maintaining the cover and aeronautical training of the alchemical spies on the ship.

Unfortunately for her, this obsessive maintenance has rattled her spies' nerves; since Embri has no official authority over them during this mission, the team's leader has the final say over where her subordinates and Embri should officially go - and she decided that Embri should spy on this insignificant 'side-quest' so they can get a day without her constantly breathing down their necks! Even for an Exalted, she's just too annoying (low charisma) for them to endure her constant performance reviews. It doesn't help that she won't tell them whether she's a Moonsilver or Starmetal caste, no matter how classified that information is. But a day and an admonishing is the maximum the team leader can get away with admonishing an Exalted, and hopefully that will be enough to slow the performance reviews to something actually constructive.

As far as Embri is concerned, the plow that creaks and whines but holds beyond its limits and intended purpose is worthy of becoming an heirloom, but the spear that stays perfectly durable and works exactly as it was advertised in the wrong direction entirely is a sign of insanity. So she won't bear a grudge... for now.

And so Embri sneaks off the ship, following the adventurers and assisting when she can, knowing they will overlook treasures here and there and Embri will be in the perfect position to confiscate them.
>>
No. 927150 ID: afdebc

rolled 6, 4, 7, 5, 10, 5, 1, 7, 6, 7, 5, 9, 10, 6, 6 = 94

>>927124
>OOC Stuff
I'm pretty sure there's not enough room for full on secret rooms, or to sneak in minions as extra crew. The lawship originally had a control room and a big cargo area, that has since been broken up by putting up extra interior walls.

>Front section, three 4-man bunkrooms including magitech life support. Rear section, two offices (one for the secretary out front, another for private stuff), a kitchen, and a five ton cargo bay

>It's possible she seduced and spiritually poisoned some of the Retainers, but there isn't enough room to be bringing in more new people.
Current crew is 4-5 Dragon Bloods, 5 mortal retainers, and 1 undercover alchemical presumably trying to pass herself off as mortal. Is Embri using a false name or anything for this mission?

>sneaks off the ship, following the adventurers and assisting when she can
Are you planning on doing that openly, in your cover ID? If we think you're not exalted, you need some other reason why the poison air isn't killing you. Or are you sneaking after us with stealth, and rolling to remain undetected?

>IC Stuff
>long term infiltrator onboard
While waiting for her companions to agree on the division of labor, Dell eyes the strange green-lit hellscape she will shorty be exploring. She shifts in place, and hears the reassuring chimes of bells in response. Her mind turns momentarily from the task ahead, to reflect on their journey so far... just under a dozen souls living and working closely together, flying above an endless expanse of sand.

Rolling to see if Dell fell for Embri's infiltration, or if she has noticed anything... off. Sense Motivation Perception 3 + (Investigation or Socialize) 0 + Stunt, and Awareness 1 + Perception 3 + Stunt for seeing through Embri's attempts to disguise that hole in her torso. (Probably won't roll again until something in-character prompts reexamining assumptions, but I figured I should set a baseline. Embri's got much better pools for deception than Dell has for catching on, but let's see).
>>
No. 927191 ID: 094652

>>927150
To get onboard, she kidnapped and stole the identity of one of the retainers. Since they didn't get onboard after all, the engineers and other alchemical exalted are somewhere else on another mission. Embri is maintaining plausible deniability but there are special 'marks' she's on the lookout for to identify autochthonians and deflect attention and suspicion from them.

Mostly stealth, because very excuse she has for continuing to live in a toxic wasteland is flimsy at best. She can also turn on her anima if they're on the verge of finding her. However, as a fallback plan she built a makeshift gas mask (not a realistic solution but it should work on a mortal for like five minutes) and she could claim to have followed them out of curiosity. Failing that, she'll admit she's a spy, but mainly to find out what the hell happened when that giant earthquake hit, and if it affects her people in any way, and she's willing to join as an ambassador if it means she can send a report of this devastation; her superiors would gladly rent out their emergency paramedics and environmentalists and whatnot.

The hole in her torso should be seamless; her mortal disguise covers her entire body including the hole, and the hole itself is plugged with a special apparatus that only opens with the right combination of finger presses and swipes and looks like her disguise. So if her disguise module somehow fails, that door to her hole would be the most mortal-looking patch instead.
>>
No. 927240 ID: e4aa95

rolled 8, 10, 1, 5, 2, 1, 6, 9, 1, 5, 2, 2, 10, 10, 4, 6, 8, 2, 4, 10, 4, 3, 10, 1, 3, 1, 6, 1, 1, 5 = 141

FFE comes strolling into the cargo bay, looking presentable for the first time in two weeks. (He cleans up pretty well for a grotesque mutant, in those fancy robes)

"Alright! This is our biggest client yet, so we should get a move on. Dell and I will go take a look at the situation. Anybody else who can breath the air out there is welcome to come along. I'm sure you're ready to get out of this ship and stretch your legs..."

The DB turns his attention to the mortals, and his eyes come to rest on Embri. "As for the rest of you, just try not to go too stir crazy. I hear the air in the forest is safe in short bursts but I want to check the place out before any of you step outside. That's all. Everybody clear out so I can open the airlock!"

>infiltration
I'm rolling sense motive too. Perception 4 Socialize 3...
>>
No. 927260 ID: 8d924c

>>926826
If Red and Gold were still mortal, he would have certainly paused here, but he's been Exalted for some time now, and to show the alarm screaming through his mind is no longer a flaw he will accept in himself. He extends his hand to shake hers, while deflecting.

"Oh, terribly sorry, you must have me mistaken for someone else. I'm Seven Broken Wings of Red and Gold, Green Sun Prince. Of Malfeas, not Lookshy. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, though, Hundred Flowing Sweet Rivers. Let us head to the roof, as you say?"

He follows after the Lunar, dismissing the tomescu back to its patrols.
>>
No. 927269 ID: c8a0f5

>>927260

Rivers was a lot of things, and a fool was absolutely one of them. But easy to trick, she wasn't. And while she wasn't an Abyssal, hear hearing was sharp enough to pick up on the subtle biological cues when someone is lying, and for her, it was practically like she could hear a pin drop. (Sense Motive: Perception 4/Socialize 3, 1 willpower for an automatic success)

"Well then, if you AREN'T who I'm thinking of, I'm interested in hearing your life story after I'm done spilling mine, maybe explain why someone who's clearly a sorcerer and looks almost identical to a good looking sorcerer from Lookshy."

With that out of the way, she tapped Red and Gold on the nose before picking him up and leaping 15 feet into the air onto the awning, and again onto the roof.

And she went into detail about her life, from being good at a lot of things necessary for a military woman but not quite good enough at any one position a mortal was good at and being too famous for 'promoting fraternization' so her service wasn't renewed, murdering a Dynast, getting murdered, and her more recent adventures. Specifically meeting a particularly beautiful person who played haunting music that she loved like nobody else and wished she was a bit more like, and maybe then she'd pay her a bit more attention (VEE opportunity for both Performance and Appearance).

But, with all that out of the way, it would be incredibly rude for him to try and squirm out of his story.
>>
No. 927273 ID: 156cdf

I think it is still messed up honestly
>>
No. 927274 ID: c8a0f5

rolled 7, 2, 3, 10, 2, 10, 2, 6, 6, 2, 7, 3, 3, 6, 9, 6, 8, 1, 6, 7, 7, 10, 4, 2, 2, 7, 6, 4, 5, 6 = 159

>>
No. 927298 ID: ffbc87

rolled 3, 2, 3, 10, 10, 1, 3, 5, 8, 8, 1, 7, 6, 1, 6, 7, 3, 9, 3, 10, 10, 3, 5, 5, 7, 5, 8, 4, 3, 9 = 165

>>927109
>who's staying behind with the ship?
Born aloft by eight brilliant strands of lightning, Dythyk moves from the summoning circle, a rolled parchment in hand. She of course finished her portion of the camp yesterday, but now that everything was properly arranged it would be time to perform some maintenance on the Fortress of Justice.
The Aalu, tied to her by an Abscissic binding under the Courtesan plate, is fed her writing, which describes the finer points of Legal Paternalism and what bebavior is sanctioned by it. Thus fed, she instructs it to help with the scouting mission.
"You are bound firstly to follow my orders, then those of Fanged Flair Effulgence, then the orders of any of our subordinates. Presently you are to accompany Fanged Flair Effulgence and Umbrageous Waxwing Dell, to assist them in scouting and mapping, and to do as they require of you. Your silken creations and acute senses shall be very useful to us."

>>927240
>Dell and I will go take a look at the situation.
"I'm sending the Aalu with you, just make sure to compliment it when it does something useful. I value your well-being and will be pleased when you return in good health. Appropriate display of affection, let me know if you need anything."

With that, CoD will go about performing routine maintenance on the manta, pleased to have a little more personal space and privacy even if some of her valued people will be departing to less than safe tasks.
>>
No. 927309 ID: 9f146f

>Appropriate display of affection
Fanged Flair Effulgence's face twists into a ghastly gap-fanged grin. "Love you too. Need us to stop by the market, pick anything up?"
>>
No. 927378 ID: 428f4f

>>927309
Goggles snapped over her eyes, she hardly turns to address him, raising her voice to compensate for distance and direction.

"Strictly speaking, no, but at some point more potent summoners tools would be useful to keep the demons bound. Of highest priority is your well-being. Locust would be appreciated if it's convenient."
>>
No. 927389 ID: 5f3f48

rolled 4, 10, 2, 3, 7, 1, 3, 6, 10, 4, 9, 9, 1, 9, 3, 1, 6, 1, 5, 4, 1, 2, 1, 9, 6, 3, 1, 2, 4, 9 = 136

Division of labor decided, Dell puts her fingers to her lips and lets loose a piercing whistle.

"All right, Bugs! Spread out, we're going scouting. One of you, with me, let me know if the others spot anything. Flair, Aalu, c'mon."

She passes her Purifying Mercy Stone off to Karal Tin Otter (who will be remaining with at the landing site it seems) and then sets off walking across (not through) the nearest patch of metallic grasses, as kitten-sized blue beetles spread out above her in all directions.

Since we're hiking through a potentially dangerous wilderness, I'm going to commit 5 peripheral to Hostile Environment Preparation Method, coving myself, FFE... and I'm not sure if the builder bugs need protection, or if they're already covered as my artifact? If the hive doesn't need it, then the Aalu.

Rolling a bunch of dice. I assume scouting is probably several Survival and/or Awareness checks.
>>
No. 927510 ID: d9acdc

rolled 2, 3, 5, 10, 2, 4, 2, 2, 6, 7, 9, 5, 4, 1, 6, 8, 9, 5, 1, 10, 1, 6, 2, 5, 7, 1, 10, 5, 5, 5 = 148

>>927389
>Aalu, c'mon

Angel meticulously cleans the pulp out of its mandibles, split between the offensive flavor and the incessant urge to finish off the last bits. The meal was quite informative though; how novel that one would control you for your own benefit. Perhaps that's why master made her indulge her disgusting obsession- she knew it would improve her already indispensable skills. A full courtesan is an effective courtesan. She hardly needs the edge though, her record keeping and senses surpass those of most everything. Yes yes, the poor creatures are positively dependent on her to ensure their surroundings are properly digested and cooked.

Angel is accompanying UBW and FFE on their scouting mission. Rolling awareness and purchasing one success with the second awareness excellency.
>>
No. 927593 ID: 2007b6

>>926220
By the end of Ascending Fire you'll have about a scale each of builders and soldiers. Still going for abscissic bindings? Fixed tasks tend to be easier to manage for large-scale projects.

In just the first two weeks, scouting patrols have mapped out the surface in a two-hex radius around the wood demesne, discovering (among other things) a solar-aspect manse at almost the exact center of the transplanted area, and farms supporting the city of Candleport on what used to be the Avarice River. Maybe eight thousand people in there? Hard to get a closer look since they've got holy symbols engraved on the walls.

All around the perimeter of the transplanted area, where "in Madelrada's name, keep out" signs were set up, there stand luminata, staring longingly inward. Whenever another arrives, or one of them splits into two, the others adjust position so as to remain spaced equally apart.

Other demons are showing up from time to time asking if they can work for you without a sorcerous binding, and if so, under what terms.
>>
No. 927619 ID: 2007b6

>>926943
That's a botch. You take a wrong turn, and find yourself walking across a trackless waste. The sky is pitch black, but dazzling glare reflects off the silvery ground as if from full daylight.

Cresting the ridge of a roughly circular crater, the horizon is nearly featureless. A sandstorm seems to be rapidly approaching, and considering how abrasive and irritating this grit feels just from light contact, getting caught in the open under high winds might literally strip the flesh off your bones.

You could dig a hole and tie the silken robes together as an improvised tent, or run for cover among those ruined stone buildings off in the distance, or somehow engage with that elephant-sized scorpion, crouched at the exact center of the crater as if it's waiting for something.
>>
No. 927657 ID: 2007b6

>>927150
>>927240
Looks like you both got three successes out of the four required to figure anything out about Embri herself on Read Motivation. She's got a weird accent, maybe from somewhere out beyond Greyfalls, but that could be consistent with a refugee or escaped slave who signed up with Lookshy's foreign legion to leave her old life behind. Some sort of corset or orthopedic brace covering her back at all times, but stranger things than that could be legitimate medical necessities - just look at Fanged Flair's spinal graft!

Three successes IS enough to notice that anyone who's been alone with her for more than five-ten minutes tends to walk away looking like they've had a religious experience - and not the 'pants stay on' kind of religion, either. Sometimes weird reddish-black stuff dripping down their chin. https://tgchan.org/kusaba/draw/res/37601.html#40793 Given the range of technical and culinary skills she's demonstrated, probably rigged some life-support plumbing to brew and distill alcohol, or something like that. Nobody has reported for duty late, or visibly drunk - yet - so it might be a net positive for morale.
>>
No. 927723 ID: 2007b6

Street of Weights and Measures runs perpendicular to the border - it's broad and clear, but unsuitable for cargo or close-order marching.
Huge semicircular plaza with the manse as it's focal point. Flat edge of that plaza is the border, a wall of brass thorns hundreds of yards high. A thin but persistent line of silver sand defines the edge between the Demon City and the Spawning Forest. When brass trees are added (or removed), the border shifts accordingly, and the manse moves with it.
Curved edge of the plaza is mostly a six story high wall studded with windows, balconies, and iron staircases, like an apartment building with fire escapes, but there's no actual interior. Flying buttresses on the far side link up with a maze of archways, footpaths, and twisting alleyways between buildings arranged like an awkward attempt to tesselate regular pentagons. Apart from the Street of Weights and Measures, any path more than six feet wide within four or five miles of Sesus Xanin's manse slopes at least 30 degrees. Various 'hilly' routes wide enough for wagons can be traced from the plaza down to docks for acid-resistant ships amid the flooded ruins almost a quarter mile below. One such route includes a cable-car which the Reverent Society of Reflective Foresters use to haul extracted lumber. Several others include minecart tracks which drummer-goblins seem to use more for violent, high-speed recreation than any practical purpose.
Taking the direction toward the thorny, brazen jungle as "east," there's an archipelago of iron domes atop irregular towers to the "north," like camshafts where each brass gear-tooth is a townhouse, tangled together by basalt fanbelt-bridges. Some of the domes might be big enough to park the Manta inside, but you wouldn't have much mortal-safe floor space to work with, and the good spots are probably already occupied. On the other hand, it also looks like a richer neighborhood, so easier access to customers. Could fly down through the chasms between those towers, find a spot to park among the acid-flooded ruins directly underneath the Street of Weights and Measures. There's a mile-high stone pillar about fifteen miles "south." Central shaft is between five hundred and a thousand feet wide, squarish, oddly twisted with barbs and ridges that might make it relatively easy to climb, if not for the fact that vast quantities of molten glass spurt out the top at unpredictable intervals. The demonic dick volcano is surrounded by a broad, shallow cone of ash and scree, encrusted with irregular cubes ala https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitat_67 There are probably plenty of lava tubes to choose from underneath, both spacious and easy to seal airtight. The obvious potential problem is how to deal with a flood of molten glass. Spawning Forest is too dense and the Manta is too big to fly between the trees without some serious demolition work, which might not be the best way to make your first impression on Hrotsvitha. Might be possible to park on top of the canopy, then use the starfish tent for living space, but it'd be an engineering challenge to set up a sufficiently stable platform. You'd be very exposed that way, but on the other hand, if something did go wrong, there'd be no overhang to interfere with a quick takeoff.
>>
No. 927757 ID: 2007b6

>>926220
Three weeks of sitting around in the common room, eight hours a day, six days a week, trying to politely explain things to everyone, could count as training time for your first dot of Socialize.
>>
No. 927762 ID: 2007b6

>>927309
>>927389
>>927510
The Street of Weights and Measures was only a few minutes away as the Manta flies, but even with that Horn Of The Ways and Stepmother Boots that's still a full hour's hike, across tangled bridges overgrown with leaden moss, then through oddly-angled alleyways which pinch themselves shut as soon as you've passed. Turns out to be quicker for UWD to carry the Aalu on her back, since it's by far the slowest (three yards per tick across level ground, while everyone else can comfortably manage at least eight) and only weighs as much as a small child or large dog.

UWD's Horn of the Ways can only create a clear path for four builder bugs at once when she's also bringing FFE and the Aalu along. Majority of the bugs end up strung out in a long loose line, serving as redundant communication relays between the scouting party and two beetles back inside the base - one alternately adding further reinforcement to the dome or fetching parts and reagents for COD, the other hibernating in their actual resinous hive inside the Manta. Builder Bug telepathic network can cross airtight seals easily, unlike Wind-Carried Words Technique.

Similar to forests in the uttermost East, the demon city doesn't seem to have a well-defined "ground level;" buildings just get denser and darker, overlapping black stone causeways thicker and more tangled, parks and rooftop gardens smaller and further apart, until eventually, down far enough, the green sun isn't visible at all. Occasional chasms hundreds of yards deep reveal flooded ruins further below.

The Street of Weights and Measures is not, as one might hope, home to a government bureau in charge of keeping merchants from 'recalibrating' their scales in order to underpay for grain and overcharge for bread. In fact, there don't seem to be any government offices, checkpoints, or visible blockades at all, unless you count that huge pagoda-shaped manse at the nearer end. Rather, the Street of Weights and Measures is a forty yard wide, possibly thousands of miles long, elaborate interlocking series of pressure-plate-activated traps.
>>
No. 927870 ID: 54735b

Integrity 1st Dot: Training Time 3 weeks exp cost 3 exp

Integrity 2nd Dot: Training Time 1 Week, 2 exp cost

Socialize 3rd dot: Training Time Instant 3 exp

Bureaucracy 4th Dot: Instant, 5 exp

Total Cost 13 exp/17 (with this post included)

Primary method by which training is happening:

Engaging with trade directly, getting more of a feel about how the prices logically flow, and getting more used to standing her ground firmly against persuasive fellows.
>>
No. 927872 ID: 54735b

Things I forgot to train up:
Investigation 2nd dot: 1 xp
Investigation 3rd dot: 3 xp
>>
No. 927909 ID: e4aa95

rolled 4, 3, 3, 4, 2, 8, 7, 10, 4, 4, 4, 2, 5, 1, 8, 7, 2, 9, 3, 10, 6, 9, 10, 8, 9, 8, 8, 3, 6, 6 = 173

>>927762
>The Street of Weights and Measures was only a few minutes away as the Manta flies
That'll be the route which Fanged Flair Effulgence takes. "I'll keep an eye on you from the sky," he ties up the skirt of his robe, "If you need me to come down, you know the signal!" FFE approaches the edge. He does a few stretches, spreads his wings wide and then doubles over backwards and wraps his wings around his ankles, then dives down into the architecture soup below.

During UWD's trudge FFE is always in sight, diving and banking under arches and through various openings, sometimes sitting on a ledge to rest. He's clearly having the time of his life, though he never strays too far. Practically, he's on the lookout for any bandit hideouts or thugs or anything else that might be the cause for the holdup.

When the Street of Weights and Measures is reached, he flutters down and lands. Winded and showing a giddy excitement that only tends to come out when he's spent an extended amount of time frolicking through the sky, "Well...what do you think, Dell? How do they even travel on this road? Maybe we should go visit the manse up there, might be somebody who can tell us what's going on."

For the sake of my curiosity, FFE will also try dropping a chunk of stone on one of the pressure plates from a safe distance.
>>
No. 927914 ID: 2007b6

>>927909
>dropping a chunk of stone on one of the pressure plates from a safe distance
>Perception 4, Awareness 0, Craft (Earth) 0, Larceny 0
>rolled 4, 3, 3, 4, 2
There's a soft click, some mechanical squealing and grinding, then the entire building where you were standing abruptly flips over. Everything on the roof not somehow secured plummets a quarter mile into a vile, caustic greenish-black lake.
>Dexterity 11, Athletics 0, wings mutation
>rolled 8, 7, 10, 4, 4, 4, 2, 5, 1, 8, 7
Fortunately you regain your bearings long before the descent is complete. Fluttering back up and peeking in through a window on the recently inverted structure, you see a jumbled heap of fine furniture, an Angyalka, a Chrysogona, three human ghosts in frilly servants' uniforms, and a roughly humanoid (three left arms, no right arm or leg) demon you can't readily identify. The Chrysogona shrieks "Was that you? Thanks a lot, asshole, we were in the middle of a game of Gateway!" while the unidentified demon crawls out from under an overstuffed armchair and yawns like a cobra, revealing a tongue of violet fire.
>>
No. 927928 ID: 094652

rolled 6, 8, 10, 4, 5, 8, 8, 2, 3, 9, 5, 6, 10, 5, 6, 5, 7, 8, 4, 9, 3, 5, 5, 2, 5, 1, 1, 8, 10, 1 = 169

Embri was going to infiltrate the city and construct some secret rooms and escape routes for her comrades, but after witnessing Fang accidentally cow-tip an entire building, she decides someone needs to have a serious talk with him first. But he won't listen if he's busy healing from a shattered skeleton; time to defuse this rabble.

Embri walks up from the side to the Angyalka, whose song sounds like a clowder of catfolk orphans are recreating an orchestra from the imperial capital with garbage instruments and adorable meowing noises, introduces herself as her disguise, and asks about what happened. Why, Embri is quite amazed that a mere fool could tip an entire building by drawing stick figures or somesuch on the wall, how did he do it?
(Join Debate, planning to manipulate the crowd into believing it's not entirely this fool's fault that the building was explicitly designed to troll people)
>>
No. 927935 ID: afdebc

rolled 4, 10, 5, 10, 3, 10, 6, 9, 7, 2, 3, 8, 4, 3, 2, 3, 6, 8, 5, 10, 8, 10, 9, 7, 6 = 158

>>927657
Hmm, okay. So "Embri"'s main failings are too much booze and sex to be respectable, although given Flair's ability to drink like a fish, and Cathak's behavior, neither of those is really unusual for this group. Probably offends the chaplin and his sky-high temperance as a matter of course, though.

>>927762
>Turns out to be quicker for UWD to carry the Aalu on her back
Physical contact is probably necessary in any event if we're using the Horn of the Ways, since it explicitly doesn't work for anyone who loses sight of the user.

>Rather, the Street of Weights and Measures is a forty yard wide, possibly thousands of miles long, elaborate interlocking series of pressure-plate-activated traps.
>somebody's been interfering with traffic along the Way of Weights and Measures
>"Well...what do you think, Dell? How do they even travel on this road?
"Well, unless someone rebuilt the entire road, it's supposed to be this way."

>the entire building where you were standing abruptly flips over
Bells ringing out, Dell twirls to the side, rushing out along a horizontal clothesline between buildings (or the malfean equivalent. Whatever those are, drying clothes don't normally wiggle so frequently) carrying herself and the demon on her back onto sturdier terrain and away from the rather-less-graceful backflip the ground insisted on indulging.

Using the Wicked Stepmother Boots to substitute performance for athletics, stunting in an exit route usable with the Gem of Elemental Travel.

Rolling Performance 7 + Under Fire 2 + Dexterity 5 + Stunt.
>>
No. 927943 ID: e4aa95

rolled 2, 4, 10, 4, 3, 8, 2, 6, 10, 3, 8, 6, 5, 8, 7, 8, 2, 2, 2, 5, 1, 7, 10, 6, 2, 6, 2, 8, 4, 5 = 156

>>927935
>all those successes
I'm going to pre-emptively assume that UWD made it to safety. FFE will wave to her.

>"Was that you? Thanks a lot, asshole, we were in the middle of a game of Gateway!"
>>927928
FFE was about to throw out a perfectly-delivered lie that would absolve him of all responsibility, when one of the mortals showed up out of nowhere and started apologizing for him. "Wh...excuse me? Don't try to pin this on me, you're the one who pushed the plate." Join debate, trying to shift the blame to Embri.
>>
No. 927944 ID: e4aa95

>>927943
Wits + Awareness is...one dot total, haha. On the bright side, he's got Charisma 5 and Socialize 3.
>>
No. 927960 ID: 094652

rolled 5, 10, 10, 10, 2, 9, 8, 4, 3, 4, 3, 5, 5, 2, 3, 4, 9, 6, 1, 7, 3, 2, 8, 8, 7, 4, 8, 4, 1, 7 = 162

"... What plate?"

Embri may have slightly blundered but she won't take the heat. Deflect back: if he's innocent, how would he know exactly what triggered the building tip? And defuse: Why would poking ONE piece of tableware cause the entire building to do a stunt? Shouldn't there be more safeguards? Maybe the system was frayed from the start. Note: Embri was casing the city outside when the building tipped over, she saw Fang jump out a window and instead of a look of relief, he winced as if he were guilty. She could have sworn he was holding something in his hand but that's just conjecture to her.
>>
No. 927968 ID: e4aa95

rolled 7, 2, 2, 7, 9, 7, 1, 8, 8, 4, 7, 4, 9, 6, 1, 4, 7, 9, 5, 10, 7, 8, 3, 5, 7, 2, 1, 5, 2, 6 = 163

FFE is having trouble coming up with a good counter-argument, so he'll roll with it. "Well, I wasn't anywhere near the street when it happened. And if you say it wasn't your fault, maybe the building flipped of its own accord. I wouldn't be surprised. How often do those pressure plates get maintained? If I were you, I'd take it up with whoever is in charge around here. I can help with that, actually. My name's Fanged Flair Effulgence, I solve legal disputes."
>>
No. 927991 ID: afdebc

>>926058
It's been pointed out Lute has more XP than I thought she did, so adding on to downtime training.

First, while planning and coordinating demon scouting teams with Red and Gold, Lute will express a hope at avoiding trouble, giving him an opportunity to activate Verdant Emptiness Endowment for her first dot in dodge. Assuming he cooperates, I'll add the following:

3 XP, Dodge 0 to 1 (one scene)
4 XP, Dodge 1 to 3 (instant)
9 XP, Absence (2 days)
9 XP, Duck Fate (3 days)
>>
No. 928021 ID: 2007b6

>>927928
Only way Embri could be there that quickly is by putting an hour of wear on the Windblade while tailing FFE. Without further upgrades, the Optical Shroud is useless against superhuman hearing - which both FFE and the Aalu have - or when moving at high speeds, though fortunately the windblade's movement doesn't count for that.
>rolled 6, 8, 10, 4
Embri just barely manages to get the windblade under control and pull out of that dive after the building flips over, then sneakily cruise back up and land inside. Might be wise to schedule some training in the Ride skill before your aerobatic luck runs out.

>>927935
No clothesline, but there's a sinewy brass cable twisted around the pivot-point, connected to a triumphal arch over an otherwise insignificant alley, where elaborate bas-reliefs commemorate humiliating and/or lethal pranks in which this specific trap played a role. Special prominence is given to occasions where the victim was one of the Fair Folk, a god, or a celestial exalt - and in accompanying Old Realm text those last are very consistently referred to as "exalted," rather than "anathema" or any other term the Immaculate Philosophy would approve of.
>>
No. 928048 ID: 2007b6

>>926885
The naneke has no prior business more urgent than the opportunities your arrival presents, and as such gladly agrees to follow Bridget anywhere not involving a significant risk of death.
>>
No. 928059 ID: c08110

rolled 9, 6, 4, 9, 4, 5, 2, 1, 8, 2, 4, 7, 4, 6, 4, 3, 5, 8, 1, 10, 5, 5, 9, 8, 3, 4, 3, 5, 3, 5 = 152

>>926885
>>928048
>>927619

Bridget waits.
The first hour passes, then the second. The sun never sets, of course, hanging pridefully in the sky, as if to say to it's upstart creation "Look upon me and know your flaws." However, the demons do have ways to tell time, and at the screams of the Tomescu, the Scholar puts an end to it's first "lesson". Bridget, having fashioned a sign for anyone who wishes to find her, sets out in search to the Disciple of Mela, worried that she has not returned. Approaching the line, she sees that only a dozen or so patrons have moved forward in line, allowing her to return to the demons she had previously stood between, and question their talkative armor about the Monks whereabouts.

"Two immaculate monks spoke to each other nearby. I need to know where each went."

Mechanically, Bridget is training the Naneke in Craft (fire), and activating CNNT along with 9 dice using the first craft excellency to forge a sign in case the DoM, or others wishing to find Bridget, return to the pre-determined waiting point.

Then Bridget is using a social attack to get information about the whereabouts of Sesus Xanin and, more importantly (to her) the Disciple of Mela. I assume Charisma + presence (or socialize, not like it matters), with penalties from using her voice, if that's applicable for sentient armor.

Assuming 12 hours of waiting, and the base 4 per hour mote recovery for light activity, since she's training, that would be 48 motes recovered, + 24 from a 1 dot hearthstone, for a total of 72 motes recovered.

Activating CNNT for 7 motes 1WP, and first craft excellency for 9 motes, means Bridget is sitting pretty at 21/36/3 (If I earned a stunt, bump that to 21/36/4).
>>
No. 928100 ID: afdebc

rolled 9, 4, 3, 6, 5, 8, 10, 8, 4, 3 = 60

>in accompanying Old Realm text those last are very consistently referred to as "exalted," rather than "anathema" or any other term the Immaculate Philosophy would approve of.
The demon-writing is heretical. What a surprise.

>Embri
Dell is rather surprised to see that a mortal comp follower would disregard the poison air, successfully pursue their group across the demon city, much less that she did so flying. Perhaps... this is some kind of trick? A demon wearing her shape?

While maybe-Embri and Flair engage with the demons in the building across the cable, Dell will quickly check with the Builder Bugs to see if Embri is still back at base, or if they ever saw her leave. She's also ask the Aalu if it sees hears anything off about her, while she looks on suspiciously at the proceedings across the alley.

Rolling Awareness 1 + Perception 3 + Stunt
>>
No. 928105 ID: e4aa95

rolled 6, 4, 2, 5, 9, 3, 6, 6, 5, 4, 5, 7, 9, 9, 3, 9, 9, 10, 6, 1, 5, 10, 4, 5, 4, 3, 7, 2, 9, 8 = 175

>>927619
>elephant-sized scorpion
DoM will approach the scorpion, waving the silk robes around in one hand as a signal and holding out her begging bowl in the other.
>>
No. 928120 ID: c08110

>>928100
>Dell is rather surprised to see that a mortal
What would these poor creatures do without her? Angel happily obliges, using measure the wind to evaluate Embri and see if she really is the same, or if some other creature has stolen her voice and wears her smell.

"Mortal? No, she wields essence, same as any of you. Master is the only one who's soul has soared higher. This one though, Embri, her scent is the same, her heartbeats are all in time. Those of the Flute Kite and the Sigil's Dreamer are not terribly dangerous when properly prepared; avoid the Crying Womans bite and you all should have little to fear."
>>
No. 928123 ID: c08110

rolled 7, 10, 4, 8, 1, 6, 10, 9, 5, 7, 3, 6, 9, 9, 1, 5, 6, 2, 4, 2, 9, 10, 1, 7, 6, 9, 1, 8, 9, 6 = 180

>>928120
>>
No. 928132 ID: 2007b6

>>928059
>"Two immaculate monks spoke to each other nearby. I need to know where each went."
Nobody claims to have seen Sesus Xanin, even those who were clearly witnesses to the duel. The crowd agrees that your description of her is consistent with rumors of the new owner of the manse, but anyone wearing a golden crown would almost certainly not be an Immaculate monk - they're sworn to poverty, and usually dress in modest robes rather than heavy armor.

The actual monk was seen leaving the manse, and then striding off purposefully into the Endless Desert with a bundle of very fine silk clothing ("When you've crawled around under as many different outfits as I have," says one Living Armor, "you learn to recognize the good stuff.")

You've also successfully forged a fine brass signpost out of scrap lumber. The naneke is dutiful and attentive, as a student should be, but all their actions have a slight edge of repressed impatience.
>>
No. 928138 ID: 8d924c

>>927269
Red and Gold clambers up to the roof after Rivers, nodding as he hears mention of her wish to be more. His anima blazes into being, crackling green flame in an echo of the constant blazing of the sun that hung over their heads as he grants another favor.

"Well, you say you'd like to hear a life story? Here's one about a young man born in the First Age. There were any number of small villages like his dotted all over Creation, which in those days was larger. Of course, he had no idea what most of Creation was like. Like most mortals, he never travelled far from where he was born. He was taught to obey the Solar Exalted, as rulers of Creation, followed by the other Celestial Exalted, as their companions."

"He lived an ordinary life, for most of it, until one day there was a messenger sent to the village. You see, the village was on land that it had been decided was going to be used in a Deliberative war game. Now, there's really no chance the village would survive that. The people could flee, but it wasn't likely they'd last long, away from the only place they'd ever known. And so the young man pleaded for mercy. He begged, and wept, and when he was told nothing could be done, he went further, to the Exalted. And as each one he spoke before ignored his request, he went higher, and higher, to those who had no intent to even listen. He put his life in danger to speak before the Solar whose plans the war games were part of. And at that point, he was sought out by the shard of a Solar Exaltation."

"Perhaps you'd think there was a happy ending, but really, it was considered very embarrassing. They tried to brush the whole thing under the rug, as it were. The plans for the war games were altered ever so slightly to avoid the village, but they still went on. And the young man was pressed to speak little of it to anyone. And that was that. Until the Calibration feast."

Red and Gold looks at Rivers, curious to see how she responds to the story.
(Activating VEE twice, that's 20m, -2 WP. Takes me to the 11 mote anima level. Bright enough to read by. Stunts should be restoring willpower.)
>>
No. 928139 ID: 54735b

"Look, I don't care which one of you assholes hit the trap, I just want an apology, and for one of you to get some replacement parts, so that this cheating floozy can't get a loaded set." The Chrysogona clearly remained pissed, but was clearly left without a clear target to be pissed at.

The Angyalka and the unidentified demon were staying back from the main argument.
>>
No. 928140 ID: 54735b

Rivers, for her part, didn't interupt the story. After all, for as much as that wasn't what she was asking for (and her face showed that she knew exactly what he was trying to do)

But, as the story was wrapped up, she had some comments. "Well, that was a nice story Red. Or course, even if we do reincarnate, you're still a different person than whoever you were before the Shogunate, and what I had asked for was your life story.

"Of course, I was mostly setting you up to tell a big amusing lie about being raised in a tribe of humans scavenging off of whatever demons use for food deep in the bowels of hell or something, so props for honesty at least."

But, she leaned over and offered Red and Gold a side hug. "You do still need to work on your lying. I know that it's not something you learn as a sorcerer technician, but part of my job is filtering through all degrees of bullshit."
>>
No. 928175 ID: 094652

rolled 2, 7, 5, 4, 1, 5, 8, 8, 6, 2, 9, 9, 5, 4, 1, 10, 10, 5, 2, 1, 2, 1, 6, 7, 9, 8, 2, 6, 7, 10 = 162

Embri takes in another deep breath from the mask connected to the highly visible oxygen tank on her back. Then she is quick to respond, huffing in periods:

>>928139
"It is my purpose to serve. Unfortunately I- don't know which Gateway game you refer to, let alone the machinery used to play. Is it the game where you punch a ball through a bright spatial portal and try to hit the other player's side? (Trying to get the demons to order one of their number to accompany her to wherever she needs to go to get replacements... and when they're relatively alone she can grill them for info and wipe their minds)

>>928138
"And I'm sure the young man appreciated the effects of his personal efforts -or something whatever- followed by a wide range of... hm... career options to spend the rest of his young life with. Good story. Perhaps you can tell me more stories while you help me carry the replacement equipment for these delegates."

>>928120
"And you. Check your calibration, I maintain essence-related artifacts as best I can but I'm not an essence savant. I'm a mechanic at heart and... being here, it has been an unfortunate mistake on my part. I just wanted to see what we spent weeks journeying towards before we moved on. Let's just fix the gaming equipment so we can get back to exploring the town, and will you please stop listing off various 'facts' about us that you get from scanning our bodies without permission?! It's. Not. Polite.
>>
No. 928204 ID: f7addf

rolled 2, 3, 5, 9, 1, 8, 8, 7, 2, 10, 8, 7, 5, 2, 3, 2, 6, 3, 9, 8, 3, 4, 3, 1, 5, 7, 5, 3, 5, 2 = 146

>>928132
>You've also successfully forged a fine brass signpost out of scrap lumber. The naneke is dutiful and attentive, as a student should be, but all their actions have a slight edge of repressed impatience.

Before leaving, Bridget discusses her plan, so the student does not lose her.

"I will search for the Disciple of Mela, immaculate monk. If she has no bone wine, I will need yours. When the Tomescu next call, I shall leave. If present, you may join. If not, I shall be in the nameless village, ready to teach what and when I am able. Be cautions, you will be directed to stay away.

>The actual monk was seen leaving the manse, and then striding off purposefully into the Endless Desert
As Bridget leaps after her, the solar's blazing golden anima erupts in the crowd, despite the warning from the Prince of the Earth fresh upon her skin. Bridget wonders why she would do this- does she mean to cross the endless desert and abandon her fellows? It seems that sooner or later this strange realm drives everyone to madness.

Activating Mountain Crossing Leap and spending 6 motes on 3 successes from the Second Survival Excellency.

Totals:
21/20/4
(This assumes I got a 2 dice stunt last time and a 2 dice stunt this time, and used both to get WP back).
>>
No. 928294 ID: afdebc

rolled 2, 10, 10, 8, 7, 1, 6, 10, 8, 7, 5, 2, 10, 6, 7, 9, 4, 9, 9, 1 = 131

>>928175
Probably should disregard the second paragraph, there. Rivers and Red and Gold aren't even in the same 12-mile hex on the map, and may not even be having that conversation on the same day since it's happening in downtime.

>>928120
>"Mortal? No, she wields essence, same as any of you. Master is the only one who's soul has soared higher. This one though, Embri, her scent is the same, her heartbeats are all in time. Those of the Flute Kite and the Sigil's Dreamer are not terribly dangerous when properly prepared; avoid the Crying Womans bite and you all should have little to fear."

>will you please stop listing off various 'facts' about us that you get from scanning our bodies without permission?! It's. Not. Polite.
"Belay that," an indignant Dell growls. "You were ordered to act as a scout, and scouting does not politely honor privacy."

Turning sharply on Embri and advancing, "You are either dead, a liar who has not been true about who she is with us, or both!"

Waxwing Dell is visibly upset, sick at heart, and doing her best to ignore the ear splitting racket produced by the restless long-fingered demon.

The angyalkae music is getting to Unhappy Wood DB, and unfortunately for Embri, her seeing betray and deception have given UWD something to project on.

"Those who are discontented with themselves find the music painful, whether it confirms their secret fears, rekindles unsettled heartache or tears at the cracks in their carefully constructed emotional walls."


Not sure what I'm rolling for (UWD doesn't have great pools for social combat), but have some dice.
>>
No. 928318 ID: 2007b6

>>928204
The naneke grabs Bridget just as she's winding up for the jump. "Master, wait! Even a single step into the Endless Desert means committing to a journey that will almost always take at least five days to complete. Can the sick man who needed this bonewine afford to wait that long?"
>>
No. 928321 ID: 54735b

>>928175

"Alright, let me talk at a speed that you can understand, since you're dumb enough to walk out here as 'Just a mortal' without one of those garish masks that your kind wears, or that anyone would believe that if you aren't dead by the end of the week, I can buy you wouldn't know what gateway is."

"I!"

"Want!"

"YOU!"

"To!"

"Get!"

"One!"

"Of!"

"Those!"

"Games!"

"SMART!"

"People!"

"Play!"

The Chrysogona was focusing her attention on Embri, tossing every word like it was a sharpened dagger that was intended to kill its recipient.

"If you can't figure it out, then ask anybody, it's almost universal."
>>
No. 928353 ID: 11ac82

rolled 9, 5, 9, 4, 4, 5, 6, 6, 2, 5, 1, 6, 3, 1, 7, 3, 7, 3, 6, 8, 1, 1, 1, 5, 4, 1, 6, 2, 3, 1 = 125

>>928175
>Check your calibration,
>stop listing off various 'facts' about us that you get from scanning our bodies without permission?!

>>928294
>"Belay that,"
>"You are either dead, a liar who has not been true about who she is with us, or both!"

"Understood. Is Embri considered a subordinate to Fanged Flair Effulgence? If so, your orders still take precedence over hers, until we return to camp, Fanged Flair Effulgence says otherwise, or master changes my directive.
And, I know it must be difficult for you all, but she doesn't sound dead, and her soul shard should protect her from the miasma. Unless you mean that she is dead because you intend to kill her? Regardless, I would like to get down, so I may weave a recording of our journey thus far; I don't want to waste a meal when the harpist upsets you."
>>
No. 928354 ID: 96c545

rolled 9, 7, 8, 7, 9, 7, 8, 1, 4, 6, 10, 9, 8, 8, 9, 2, 7, 4, 10, 2, 6, 7, 8, 4, 8, 10, 3, 4, 10, 6 = 201

>Mortal? No, she wields essence,
>Those who are discontented with themselves find the music painful
>Waxwing Dell is visibly upset
Flair is beset with flashbacks of his terrifying fight with an anathema, the painful recovery, all the time he spent gazing forlornly into a mirror...
"Stop yelling, all of you! Stop!" He turns to the demon, "Not another word from you. Or I'll shove your Gateway pieces down your throat. And you!" He looks at the angyalkae, "You can stop whatever the hell you're doing." Charisma 5 Presence 3 + whatever bonus appearance 0 gives to scare everybody into shutting up.

FFE will take a deep breath and say to Embri, "Meet me down by Dell so we can talk this over, civilly."
>>
No. 928421 ID: c93dbf

rolled 7, 6, 7, 8, 5, 8, 3, 5, 4, 4, 3, 1, 8, 2, 9, 2, 3, 5, 1, 10, 8, 1, 8, 5, 2, 8, 5, 5, 9, 3 = 155

>>928318
Bridget sighs. Returning without the Disciple of Mela will not go well.

Luckily the sign is still standing- if the monk returns to the area, she may find it, and await Bridgets return.

"Appreciated. I shall purchase your stock, and attend to my patient. Payment will be rendered in town, in your preferred method."

Bridget of course has no way of knowing that the demon is telling the truth- luckily for her, she isn't currently being exploited into leaving behind the DoM. Unluckily for her, she won't be able to gain the Immaculate's trust now. It is unlikely they will allow her to treat their wounds until they cannot resist. Hopefully there is time enough still.
>>
No. 928422 ID: c93dbf

>>928421
This is Bridget, not Angel.
>>
No. 928508 ID: 20c674

rolled 7, 1, 9, 4, 2, 8, 1, 3, 10, 3, 6, 2, 9, 6, 4, 5, 9, 5, 7, 5, 2, 7, 2, 8, 10, 4, 5, 9, 9, 8 = 170

It's been an eventful week! Between drawing offensive pictures on any road she can find, Malice has been spending plenty of time with her cute sifu, picking up Torn Lotus Defense and raising her Martial Arts skill to 3. She's also put some effort into learning the local language. And since Lute Silhouette Speculation in Comet's Reflection seems to be such a fount of knowledge, Malice asked her for lessons, emerging from the shadows when Lute was alone.
(4xp for dot in linguistics assuming Lute is willing to help, 8 for the charm, 6 for the dot in MA, total 18)
>>
No. 928522 ID: 2007b6

>>928421
>[Bridget] won't be able to gain the Immaculate's trust now
Could try begging Sesus Xanin to come back with you. She can confirm that the Disciple of Mela's poor sense of direction isn't your fault. As un-exalted believers in the Immaculate Philosophy, they'd consider it a sin to disobey her, and she's got the social skills to make that stick.

You haven't currently got any obvious ability to make her do things she doesn't want to do, but not all conversation is social combat. You could try just stating the facts, pointing out that it may take less than an hour of her time (and little or no real effort) to save the Disciple of Hesiesh's life, see if that pings any virtue compulsions - or even enlightened self-interest.
>>
No. 928565 ID: 8d924c

>>928140
Red and Gold manages to stop himself flinching away from contact, and allows himself to be hugged, awkwardly.

"I would prefer we not discuss Lookshy. Is there anything else you'd like to know? Perhaps I can help you with some local problems? Or maybe you can help me, for that matter, if you'd be interested in working together. As long as you aren't too concerned about working with demons. I still need to handle the local gods and elementals. I haven't heard so much as a peep from them, which is suspicious."

>>927991
(Reasonable that this happened during downtime. I'm also gonna spend the 3 xp for that first dot in Socialize, since JL said the explanations every evening would have counted for training that.)
>>
No. 928575 ID: c8a0f5

"I mean, I don't know why I'd be uncomfortable working with demons in the first place, but anything to help out a friend. Just so long as I don't have to transform, since that's a lot of the reason I'm just kind of hanging out and waiting tables.

"That said, I don't even know how to talk to gods."
>>
No. 928585 ID: 8d924c

>>928575
"Oh, talking to gods is easy, once you get them to stop hiding. They're not so much more complicated than mortals. They're just more arrogant, what with being naturally immaterial. My only problem is that I can't currently hunt them all down if they're laying low. Elementals are easier. They're usually material."
>>
No. 928588 ID: c8a0f5

"Okay, but how do I help, that's the real issue here."
>>

rolled 9, 4, 10, 7, 4, 7, 8, 5, 8, 1 = 63

>>928508
Lute is more than willing to teach a language to the Green Sun Princess (I Malice is interested in Rivertongue, for talking to Rivers? Ohohoh. Lute also knows Skytongue or Pelagial (primordial mermaid tongue) if Malice was interested in something different).

"Why don't we practice then, and get to know each other better? Tell me about yourself, your past perhaps, or your hopes and dreams."
>>
No. 928609 ID: 73331d

>Malice is interested in Rivertongue, for talking to Rivers? Ohohoh.
Malice squints at Lute, and says Rivertongue is good. But mermaid speak is very tempting.

>Tell me about yourself
Malice produces a jar of preserve, probably picked up in the aftermath of the village's mad rush to gather food. "Wanna hear how I became a green sun princess? One day I was really hungry. Hungry enough to swipe a jar full of this weird pasty stuff you people eat. I flapped off into the mountains so I could eat in peace. But there was a problem! I couldn't get the stupid thing open! I tried and tried. Just when I had given up, a demon appeared and said 'come and take up the mantle of the princess of the green sun, and you shall never again lack the strength to open a jar!'" Malice sets the jar down on the ground and tries to twist the lid, unsuccessfully. "As you can see it was a big scam."

>hopes and dreams
"Back before I exalted it was just 'What am I going to eat today? Where will I sleep? How cold is it going to get?' Now that I don't need to worry about any of that anymore, I'm kinda at a loss. I don't want to have to worry about anything again. How's that for a dream?" Seems like there's more that she's not saying, especially considering that bullshit origin story, but Lute will have to do some social-fu if she really wants to draw it out.

"So what about you? Also, where can I get one of those nifty mirror things?"

Note - I've been corrected on the xp costs. Looks like it'll all be about 13 in total.
>>
No. 928685 ID: afdebc

>So what about you?
"My own past was more sheltered; my people were protected and loved, and we loved in return. Until one day I awoke to the power to make things better, and could not hide from a wider world in need of help."

>where can I get one of those nifty mirror things?
"Deep within the madness of the furthest wyld, one might find a scorpion, its body an ocean of teeth, larger than the whole of Creation itself. All around this maelstrom can be heard the ceaseless clicking of countless mandibles, and in the incessant din- whispers of any listener's deepest fears. This is Ishiika, the grass-cutter scythe, and the last reliable sightings (if any can be said to be reliable) date back to its use as a weapon in the last great crusade of the fae, before the founding of the Realm."

Caressing the notably-small-than-creation scorpion shaped mirror in her lap "The Shard Fallen from Ishiika's Eye. If the name is to be believed, this is but the smallest of teardrops left behind by a creature larger than the world. Or perhaps it is merely a masterwork shaped in tribute to the shaping-sword, I cannot say, the truth has been lost to history. In either event, I can only imagine the scope of the adventure it would be to obtain another."
>>
No. 928687 ID: 094652

rolled 8, 7, 6, 2, 5, 3, 2, 4, 8, 9, 10, 2, 7, 1, 7, 1, 5, 1, 2, 3, 5, 4, 10, 8, 10, 2, 3, 7, 6, 3 = 151

>>928294
"Why yes I am a liar. I make eight lies a day to keep my mind healthy in this world of intrigue and violence. For I am a loyal servant of a prospering lady, with a loving and gentle husband. That was a lie.

Now guess which part was the lie.

Unless you will fix all my burdens for free, I don't want to list every single one. The same would go for anyone here. Unless you wish to yell and accuse us all of whatever lies we may have causally spoken in our past lives. Hm, was there a lie in that paragraph?"

(Manipulate Dell into realizing she's blowing this out of proportion and needs to CALM the @#$% down before she can properly accuse Embri of anything)
>>
No. 928696 ID: 6d6f3f

rolled 10, 7, 4, 3, 4, 3, 5, 5, 9, 4, 7, 10, 7, 1, 8, 1, 1, 4, 8, 9, 6, 1, 4, 7, 4, 5, 5, 4, 4, 4 = 154

>>928687
"Embri, it's been nice traveling with you but we no longer have need of your services. I'm sure you won't have too much trouble finding a different ride out of here."

"Dell. Just drop it, okay? We have bigger fish to fry!"

Trying to convince these two to part ways without coming to blows.
>>
No. 928714 ID: afdebc

rolled 10, 2, 3, 10, 6, 9, 6, 4, 10, 9, 10, 4, 1, 2, 2 = 88

Dell takes a shuddering breath, bells chiming, and allows herself to be pulled back from slugging the mocking traitor by her boss. It helps that the aggravating music has let up- the harpist having fled at Flair's lambasting.

Emitting a soft tintinnabulation of restrained tension the wood aspect growls "Just say the word, and I'll kick her ass. She deserves it."

(Rolling for a performance based social attack maybe? Pushing the point that Embri deserves what's coming for her treachery and deceit).
>>
No. 928731 ID: 20092e

rolled 6, 4, 9, 2, 8, 2, 9, 1, 8, 7, 7, 6, 3, 10, 7, 9, 1, 4, 10, 3, 10, 3, 2, 6, 3, 9, 5, 6, 10, 8 = 178

>>928522
Hm. The prince of the Earth is liable to carve through Bridget like wire through clay. If she can make her case first it might go better, otherwise she just has to hope she can make her escape. Surely though a dragon blooded would secure the trust of the monks and let her tend to them, so she has to try.

Standing outside the temple walls, Bridget burbles, her towering hight producing a strange, river like voice, unnatural and unsettling to all who hear it. She calls out for her ally turned foe after an eon of internment.

"Chosen of Pasiap, if you care for your town, Immaculate teachings, or common folk, return to the Nameless village. Follow me and save them, unless you fear your sword would fail to a trap, and that I would best you. Come alone."

Bridget wants Xanin to follow her into the woods, so she can explain the situation and secure her help in regaining the immaculates trust. Mechanically it seems like a manipulate/charisma + presence roll, but I think regardless of mechanics it might be in character for Xanin to follow or respond somehow.
>>
No. 928753 ID: 54735b

rolled 8, 1, 5, 5, 8, 2, 5, 7, 2, 1, 10, 9, 8, 9, 2, 3, 9, 7, 1, 6, 6, 2, 8, 8, 4, 9, 9, 4, 5, 9 = 172

Sesus Xanin rarely felt moved to such anger as she was feeling now. Not only was the Anathema seemingly intent on throwing away her earlier mercy of just giving her a public asskicking and letting her run away, but she apparently thought so lowly of her that she was asking her to abandon her own men with no line of communication to go into a confirmed den of Anathema, doubtless to have several of them gang up on her in retaliation for the public humiliation, and she was trying to turn her soldiers against her by implying she doesn't care about the common people. Plus to top it all off, she had incorrectly deduced that the Dynast from a family that mostly produced fire aspected heirs wearing full Red Jade superheavy plate using a sword made out of fire was an earth aspected Prince of the Earth.

Clearly, she had been far too lenient. Although, the possibility that the Anathema might be the only person that can save them, she would have to send a Stomach Bottle Bug to help resolve that situation.

So, she let out her breath, her Green Jade Reaper Beamklave screaming into existence, as she launched herself off of her observation deck, kicking off of wall of the Manse to gain more speed.

This time there wouldn't be words, just one hero brutally slaying another, just as the Dragons had intended.
>>
No. 928828 ID: 20092e

rolled 2, 6, 6, 1, 8, 5, 1, 3, 1, 5, 10, 2, 6, 9, 10, 9, 5, 3, 8, 6, 2, 3, 9, 7, 7, 9, 6, 6, 4, 6 = 165

>>928753
With blinding speed Sesus Xanin laid low the errant solar. Although Bridget tried desparately to escape in the forest, Xanin made short work of her, leaving her body to be eaten by demons with a single flurry of blows.
Or so she thought.
The will of the Sun's chosen is hard to conquer, and bolstered by this, Bridget corrected the course of time. The worst of her wounds simply a mistake forgotten by the loom of fate, Bridget jumped into the treetops and fled. Even the mighty defenses of the manse could not find her through the trees, and so the Anathema escaped, beaten but not broken.

Mechanically, Bridget is activating MCL, and purchasing as many successes with the second survival excellency as she can. If the dice pool for navigation is (int+survival) then that's 5 successes.
>>
No. 928849 ID: 094652

rolled 6, 9, 10, 8, 1, 3, 2, 7, 9, 2, 4, 10, 1, 10, 2, 9, 2, 3, 5, 4, 3, 8, 3, 7, 8, 1, 6, 4, 4, 7 = 158

Embri activates her pheromones to project guilt, then quickly follows up with a social attack.

She pretends to act hurt, slightly heaving. Mostly because she is, in the same way a mosquito bite is to a knife stab; not truly damage, but the terror of plague and disease is psychologically worse. A few simple words for a simple servant:

"So that's it then? You bully anyone who comes to your friend's aid, and then YOU fire anyone she points fingers at? No wonder you two are so shortstaffed. I quit."

Hopefully there were some demons and crew left to witness that. Embri walks away into the buildings to continue her original plan: convincing the bugs to build secret passages with special markings, unknowingly helping any Autochthonians coming this way.
>>
No. 928931 ID: 2007b6

>>928849
>convincing the bugs to build secret passages
The builder bugs, controlled by the people who just fired you? How are you planning to retain access to them?
>>
No. 928970 ID: 094652

>>928931
Embri doesn't talk to them directly. She just makes some offhand comments about how any of these buildings could also be like giant dogs - eager to lie down and roll over with the fleas still inside. She also hides a seemingly official book on crafting emergency passageways in bookshelves within every building, a collection she crafted while on the ship. The bugs don't trust her, but the truth in her statement about the sheer danger of this place will give them enough pause to come up with plans of their own. Plans that will eventually involve finding the book that is clearly part of the standard code of construction. Plans that include writing a special symbol that only the bugs can see, and certainly not any Alchemicals or Autochthonians with scanner tech.

(Note that I cannot comprehend the level of manipulation that Embri is on so her execution of this plan is far more detailed)
>>
No. 928991 ID: afdebc

rolled 8, 5, 3, 4, 3, 10, 2, 10, 4, 1 = 50

Well, that just happened. Dell's entirely sure why that got to her as much as it did, but Embri has apparently been a spy and an exalt this entire time, not to mention insane. If anything, it's embarrassing the brotherhood allowed itself to fooled as long as it did.

Gonna count that whole mess as a scene towards building a negative intimacy towards Embri. (1/3)

The unhappy ranger is going going to order her builder bugs to pass word back to base "Embri was exalted, a spy, and she's fired" just in case she thinks to double back. Also, if they see the bad lady again, or she tries to talk to them, they're to tell her immediately.

In the meantime... we were supposed to be trying to figure out what was wrong with the street of deathtraps? Let's roll for perception + awareness, see if the argument and/or building flipping attracted any attention, or if anything impeding traffic stands out.
>>
No. 929000 ID: 8d924c

>>928588
"Depends. What are you good at? Can you fight? Can you LOOK like you can fight? Any good at tracking or scouting? I need a good idea of what the elementals in the area are doing, in response to their new surroundings, and then after that I'll probably have to push them around a little so that they don't cause trouble. That's just sort of expected, really. The gods are probably hiding, so until I've got a hold of a better way to drag them out I might not be able to do too much. Unless I summoned a few more teodozjia, possibly..."
>>
No. 929004 ID: 54735b

>>929000

"Well, I'm pretty good at fighting, but probably not really 'great' at it. But I'm really good at not dying. But I'm probably the best at tracking and scouting out there. But, I also don't want to spend too much time out of town, since I want to catch up with some people after the last few weeks."
>>
No. 929009 ID: 2007b6

>>928991
Argument doesn't seem to have attracted any significant attention. Almost all the locals - easy to recognize as they dance their way from one pressure plate to the next in some elaborate sequence without hesitation - who respond to questions in any useful way agree the choke point to worry about is that manse on the border with the Spawning Forest.

There's a semicircular plaza, hundreds of yards wide, with the manse as it's focal point. Plaza is studded with pits of near-frozen caustic sludge that are somehow safe to bathe in. Curved edge of the plaza is mostly a six story high wall studded with windows, balconies, and iron staircases, like an apartment building with fire escapes, but there's no actual interior. Flying buttresses on the far side link up with a maze of archways, footpaths, and twisting alleyways between buildings arranged like an awkward attempt to tesselate regular pentagons. Apart from the Street of Weights and Measures, any path more than six feet wide within four or five miles of the manse slopes at least 30 degrees. Various 'hilly' routes wide enough for wagons can be traced from the plaza down to docks for acid-resistant ships amid the flooded ruins almost a quarter mile below. One such route includes a cable-car which the Reverent Society of Reflective Foresters use to haul extracted lumber. Several others include minecart tracks which drummer-goblins seem to use more for violent, high-speed recreation than any practical purpose.

>order her builder bugs to pass word back to base "Embri was exalted, a spy, and she's fired"
After a few rounds of back-and-forth, the bugs have figured out that Embri was with you, out here, all along, so that wooden statue they found in her bunk probably isn't someone transformed by a curse. They have difficulty with the abstractions of business management and security clearance revocation, though. Do you want them to set fire to that statue, or not?
>>
No. 929015 ID: 094652

rolled 2, 5, 2, 6, 7, 10, 2, 2, 10, 3, 1, 9, 10, 6, 5, 5, 3, 5, 3, 10, 8, 6, 5, 5, 10, 5, 7, 10, 3, 5 = 170

>dance their way from one pressure plate to the next
Interesting.
Embri realizes this is a rudimentary form of modular workplaces; each group of workers knows the exact sequence of pressure plates to step on in order to manipulate the city itself into moving according to their respective job. In theory, since this process is prone to accidents if scheduling isn't done perfectly on time, each group's patterns should reset the layout and form according to their personal pattern. With enough observation, Embri should be able to invent her own patterns for manipulating the city to her will - and then she can transcribe these patterns as secret instructions on the walls with Autochthonian encryption.

And after that building caught her off guard, it's quite clear that she won't need to place her usual traps when she can make the entire city her [Whomp].

Rolling Perception+Awareness with Dragonfly Eye to secretly observe the patterns that the people use to manipulate the building hinges and derive the overall patterns behind them.

>Embri was a spy
Embri grumbles a little. You try helping someone in need and they immediately point fingers. Wiping their memories would have been relatively pointless with Dell's scanner constantly spewing biological trivia on her orders, so she'll trust that the angry screaming inquisitor is going to file a report and then the Scarlet Bureaucracy will file it under "emotional ravings" due to the level of emotion she will inevitably put into it.
BTW Embri gave a fake name when she went onboard in disguise, she's not that dumb.
>>
No. 929032 ID: afdebc

>>929009
"Well, we've found the problem. How do you want to handle this?" asked the ranger of the lawyer.

>Do you want them to set fire to that statue, or not?
"No. No arson, please. Leave the statue alone."

>>929015
>BTW Embri gave a fake name when she went onboard in disguise, she's not that dumb.
It would help if you provided said fake name, if you want us to refer to your character by it.
>>
No. 929055 ID: 8d924c

>>929004
"Oh, of course. No rush. They haven't shown any signs of being up to anything significant yet, and this village is where I've put the most effort. It's the most valuable bit, so far. I'll need more time to consolidate control over the rest. Unfortunately necessary, given the circumstances. Malfeas is the sort of place that doesn't really tolerate the absence of a strong claim."

Red and Gold begins making his way back to the ground, hopping from point to point until he's safely back on solid earth.
>>
No. 929068 ID: e4aa95

>guilt
>compassion 1
FFE shrugs. "I'm not sure what to make of all that. What was she after? We should keep a careful eye out."

>>929032
>the choke point to worry about is that manse
Did they say what was holding up traffic, exactly? FFE will mention that he's here to try to fix the holdup, so hopefully that'll get them talking. He'll also ask if anyone knows who's in charge of the place.

>"Well, we've found the problem. How do you want to handle this?"
"Go up there, ask around, gather more information. Then meet whoever's in control of that manse and present our cease and desist. Hey, are you okay?"
>>
No. 929069 ID: e4aa95

rolled 9, 3, 9, 6, 9, 4, 4, 7, 5, 3, 5, 2, 8, 5, 2, 6, 2, 10, 2, 9, 9, 7, 8, 10, 6, 10, 5, 2, 10, 10 = 187

>>
No. 929122 ID: afdebc

>Go up there, ask around, gather more information. Then meet whoever's in control of that manse and present our cease and desist.
"That's your area of expertise then, I'll follow your lead. Be careful, it looks like there's a small army in there."

>Hey, are you okay?
"Fine." Dell answers testily, and then continues in a milder grumble. "I'd be better if you let me kick her smug lying face."
>>
No. 929135 ID: fc2578

>>928685
>one day I awoke to the power to make things better
"Better? How so?"

>Deep within the madness of the furthest wyld...
Malice stares wide-eyed and riveted as she listens to the story. She lays across the floor with her face resting on her wings. There is so much more to existence than the fields and mountains she used to know, and she's soaking it all up as much as she can. "Wow... how did you get that one? Do you go on a lot of adventures like that?" If Lute is putting any effort into sensing motivation, Malice's fixation on the mirror is a pretty obvious indication that she plans on taking another swing at stealing it.
>>
No. 929152 ID: fc2578

rolled 1, 8, 7, 6, 4, 6, 1, 7, 2, 5, 1, 6, 1, 6, 5, 1, 9, 8, 8, 3, 2, 3, 8, 5, 9, 3, 1, 6, 4, 4 = 140

>Be careful
"Of course! You watch your step."

>I'd be better if you let me kick her smug lying face.
"Maybe you'll get your chance if she shows up again."

Alright, assuming we don't have too much difficulty actually making it to the manse, I'm going to go ahead and roll to socialize and get a bit more information from the folks around the manse.
>>
No. 929429 ID: d9acdc

rolled 9, 2, 10, 2, 2, 2, 6, 5, 3, 6, 7, 10, 10, 2, 2, 8, 10, 10, 1, 4, 5, 7, 6, 3, 10, 10, 7, 8, 5, 2 = 174

>>928828
>Bridget jumps back to town

>>Discord
>Don't have any particular complication in mind for Bridget on her way back to the town.

Bridget arrives, student and bonewine in hand. She then contemplates her next action. Wounded, the monk lost in the desert, she cannot show up upon the threshold of the immaculates to administer care. Neither though, can she let them die. They may be too far gone to refuse her, but in time they may regain their strength and choose to cast her out before their treatment is finished. She will need help it seems.

Appearing in what has now become the shared home of the Barber and the Raptor, Bridget introduces her new student, and then conspires with them to create a set of high quality medical tools.

In the heart of the wood demense, she hones the Malfean plant life springing from her words into the weapons against death and disease. Then she approaches the monks refuge once more, hoping for the worst.

Mechanically, doing light activity for an hour (finding Edgar and Aly, taking them to the wood demense) to recover 6 motes
Then activating CNNT and spending 9 motes on the first craft excellency to forge better quality medical tools. Totals at 11/15/5 if this post counts as a 2 dice stunt.

Looking for the condition of the immaculate monks and their response to her presence. It's probably been about a full day since Bridget left to get the bonewine, and both the sifu and Disciple of Hesiash were looking pretty bad, but two were still standing I think.
>>
No. 929497 ID: 2007b6

>>929429
Sharpening scalpels with your thumb as a grindstone, tweaking the design of a speculum so it's more comfortable for the patient, building a miniature kiln - it ends up taking more than an hour (repairs and tweaks don't benefit from 12x speed multiplier CNNT gives to new construction, you need Crack-Mending Technique for that), but the doctors are appropriately impressed and grateful.

As for fabricating new tools, there's been a bit of a zinc shortage the past few years - the Tepet legions cleaned out a lot of stockpiles on their way through, needed it for their lightning cannons or something, and rumor has it the Bull of the North has been taxing the hell out of any strategic metals passing through the Saltspire League. Your naneke apprentice is baffled by this news. "Are we not less than a mile from Hrotsvitha, whose wood is brass, from which zinc (and copper) can be extracted?" In particular, there's a swath of dead trees hundreds of yards wide leading off toward the area where that acid rainstorm hit. The Spawning Forest tends to respond with hostility to loggers, unless elaborately propitiated (that's the niche the Reverent Society of Reflective Foresters have carved out for themselves)... but surely he wouldn't mind necrotic tissue being cleared out from a wound. The metallic wood can also be ignited into something alchemically similar to, yet entirely distinct from, fire - which could be useful for smelting metal without introducing impurities through fumes, or making sealed envelopes (to keep bandages and other medical necessities sterile) without risk of the paper igniting while it's being baked clean.

Edgar's progress along the Shimmering Water Path, and acquaintance with the immaculate missionaries over the past few months, would make impersonating the Disciple of Mela at least somewhat plausible as an option. The dragon king claims to remember that "your people and mine" shared knowledge and power with each other quite often, a few thousand years ago, and claims to be willing to take personal risks (well, nothing too crazy, at least not right away) as part of rekindling such a compact. In return, she'd like permission to attune to the demesne.
>>
No. 929500 ID: d9acdc

rolled 2, 6, 3, 7, 10, 5, 1, 8, 10, 7, 1, 3, 8, 3, 5, 8, 10, 2, 5, 5, 4, 4, 7, 5, 6, 9, 5, 2, 2, 4 = 157

>>929497
>The dragon king claims to remember that "your people and mine" shared knowledge and power with each other quite often, a few thousand years ago, and claims to be willing to take personal risks (well, nothing too crazy, at least not right away) as part of rekindling such a compact. In return, she'd like permission to attune to the demesne.

So long as you take up arms against suffering and work as a Steward of creation and it's people you should have my support. You are welcome to attune, even if you cannot help me.

>impersonating the Disciple of Mela
No. The sun illuminates that which is hidden. If you are to lie to the monks, I cannot know of it.

>Metals from the spawning forest
"That shall be in your training. You may do as you like while I administer care. Those who show no compassion are not my allies."

Bridget doesn't want to trick the monks because she knows she can't lie very well- if they try to pull a fast one, they'll see right through her. She doesn't have a problem with lying in a moral sense, she just knows if she's involved it won't work.

As for her graciously impatient student, shes giving out a vaugeish warning that people who harm others aren't people Bridget is going to teach.
>>
No. 929520 ID: fbeef7

rolled 3, 9, 1, 8, 3, 10, 4, 3, 10, 10, 9, 6, 6, 2, 4, 9, 7, 10, 9, 7, 9, 8, 4, 2, 2, 8, 6, 8, 8, 2 = 187

Somehow unhindered by the exposed cover, Embri continues her observations into the strange community of workers and their reorganization dance. It has gone too slowly for her, and the threat of being crushed by a building in motion is not to be taken lightly.

Embri's first course of action is to craft structural reinforcements in the seemingly safe position she has nested in, so that the weight of two falling buildings would not be enough to cause instant death. Embri expects she will need to move when the dance of buildings shifts in her direction, though.

Next, Embri waits for an opportunity. One worker out of place, and the rest of their supposed colleagues might ostracize them for incompetence. If such a thing happens Embri will find an opportunity to capture an employee out of place and seduce them with her gown.

Using Dragonfly's Ranged Eye to scan any internal effects of the plates and building mechanisms, as well.
>>
No. 929524 ID: 8d924c

(Assuming at some point during downtime, Lute used BVB to allow Red and Gold to pick up a Linguistics dot in Old Realm, so I could then raise Linguistics to 3. Old Realm, Rocktongue, and High Holy Speech, to round out languages. -7 XP)

Red and Gold decides that since there's still no indication of interest from the Unquestionable, or other regional powers, it's time to start consolidating this place into a semblance of order so he can finally start utilizing it.

He will be writing a set of laws for the 'fiefdom of Creation-bordering-Hrotsvitha' under his authority as one of the Green Sun Princes. The laws lay out the borders(delineated where Creation meets Hrotsvitha, and where the lower limit of Creation stuff meets whatever is below,) ban the presence of serfs AND citizens of the first circle unless they meet the exceptions put in place(bound by an empowered oath of personal loyalty to Seven Broken Wings of Red and Gold, or summoned by Seven Broken Wings of Red and Gold, or in a sudden inspiration from his coadjutor, simply if they ARE teodozjia, although they are not immune to the laws put forth either.) They establish that as this place is distinct from Malfeas itself, the laws of Cecelyne apply differently, mostly to enable Red and Gold to apply actual justice, though of course having learned from Cecelyne, the exceptions are built in so that he can make final decisions. Most violations, murder, theft, etc. involve imprisonment, but harm to the mortals without orders, for example, involves harsh penalties.

The laws will also establish that all demons residing here have to follow the training schedules and prayer schedules set out, which for the moment are simply more of assigning times for self directed learning or prayer, unless a teodozjia or Red and Gold chooses to supervise.

They establish official positions for enforcers of the law, and distributors of the law, as well as the need for all elementals and gods to be properly registered in the offices to be established at the temple district(still not actually built, but that's no reason not to submit their registrations to an officially recognized figure.)

And since they'll need heavy revision in the future, the procedures for doing so(mostly Red and Gold approving himself revising them,) are also detailed.

For the moment there's no tax collecting, or enforcing the laws of Cecelyne for mortals, or forbidding any worship, but there are clear statements regarding intent to get this place in line. It's too disorganized to hold itself together at this point, let alone hold its own in Malfeas.

Assuming I probably need to make some rolls to do this without running into any hidden snags? Bureaucracy, Linguistics? Finding paper to compose them? Willing to channel Conviction a couple times to get this done, so I can start summoning up a task-bound force to handle these things.
>>
No. 929602 ID: 2007b6

>>929524
The sun-obscuring clouds which teodozjia tend to gather aren't sufficient to entirely block Ligier's light, but they can greatly reduce it. Might be able to set up an effective day/night cycle that way, since mortals tend to have some trouble adapting to the lack thereof.

You'll also want to think about water supply. The sorcerously-inclined minions of Hundred Flowing Sweet Rivers can't produce quite as much of it as her name might imply, and plants across the region will be needing considerable quantities if they're to survive. Can't count on rain - in fact, you might need to be defending somehow against any "natural" precipitation that does occur, as evidenced by that recent acid-storm not ten miles way (and, mercifully, downhill).
>>
No. 930137 ID: 2007b6

>>928105
The scorpion's body remains motionless, but it's tail pivots, soft clicking of articulated plates barely audible over the rising wind. Stinger unfurls like a mechanical flower, revealing a ball of baleful actinic light - the business end of some Shogunate-era energy weapon. A hoarse but unmistakably human voice echoes from within:
>"Bídsteall! Sweotolae! Hwæt níedgengan?"
An indecipherably archaic dialect of Low Realm, on it's way out before the Empress was born. Specific words aside, the tone is that of a sentry's challenge, 'halt, who goes there,' or something along those lines. Eventually the Disciple of Mela manages to communicate something about being part of the Immaculate Order, at which point the stinger powers down and the gunner's tone quickly turns from dutiful wariness to cheerful relief. A hatch pops open up on it's back, and a ritual greeting is recited - occult knowledge recognizes it as related to the constellation of the Messenger, in the house of Mercury. Apparently you're being invited to climb in. Cargo netting hangs loosely under the belly of the beast; the gunner knows enough High Realm to be able to say that whatever baggage you have can be safely secured there.
>>

rolled 6, 6, 1, 1, 1, 1, 9, 10, 5, 5, 1, 9, 9, 6, 1, 6, 9, 1, 6, 10 = 103

>>929524
>Assuming at some point during downtime, Lute used BVB to allow Red and Gold to pick up a Linguistics dot in Old Realm
Lute will, naturally, assist her fiendish associate in becoming a better version of himself.

>>929135
>"Better? How so?"
Lute's eyes gleam with zeal, and for a moment a blue symbol seems to grace her brow, circle surmounting a cross. "How? Why, it is what I do. I help people become who they were always meant to be, to find their joy, and the world is better for it."

>Wow... how did you get that one? Do you go on a lot of adventures like that?"
Calming slightly, the joybringer smiles gently. "I hope to. I'm too young to have retrieved the Shard Fallen myself, it's well, something of a hand-me-down."

>If Lute is putting any effort into sensing motivation, Malice's fixation on the mirror is a pretty obvious indication that she plans on taking another swing at stealing it.
Attempting to play off the bat girl's apparent loneliness and wonder, rolling for a social attack. Trying to plant the idea in Malice's head that she wants Lute as a friend or ally, someone to help her or learn from, more than she wants to take the mirror for herself (at least for now).

Rolling manipulation + whatever skill applies and why not throw a full Kimbery Excellency at it too (trying to offer real patronage and kindness, while at the same time trying to retain possession of a treasure/secret).
>>
No. 930430 ID: f9b5d6

rolled 7, 8, 3, 6, 3, 8, 5, 3, 9, 2, 10, 9, 1, 4, 6, 9, 9, 8, 7, 10, 10, 5, 4, 6, 6, 3, 9, 2, 2, 4 = 178

After hours of observation, Embri has research notes and an idea of how to manipulate the city in a way that would temporarily halt all movement (followed by a cacophony of property damage, but let's not focus on the benefits). It's only a theory, but the engineers would rather stare at her findings than a newly born alchemical's growing breasts.

At the very least, she has a better understanding of how to move through the city without getting squished by whomping buildings. Embri explores the city at her leisure, looking for the trails of the other exalted players in the area, in hopes of finding a temporary ally who doesn't begin screaming their head off at the sight of a spy extended in friendship.
>>
No. 930491 ID: 2007b6

rolled 10, 3, 10, 4, 9, 1, 2 = 39

>>930420
Two-die stunt, upgraded to three by Urge resonance. Assuming you're using Performance for some grand retelling of the legend of Ishiika that might also influence bystanders, you could be looking at Manipulation 6 + Performance 6 + 12 dice from the Kimbery excellency + 3 autosux from your anima power. Total cost would be 17 motes, if you're willing to pay for the excellency entirely from peripheral and take on a stealth-defeating glow for the rest of the scene.
>>
No. 930543 ID: afdebc

>>930491
I'm gonna say 24 dice + stunt is enough without risking the anima glow causing other problems.

12m for the excellency our of personal, and I'll use the 3-die stunt award to restock a compassion channel, since Lute should be at full wp.
>>
No. 930567 ID: 0640da

>>926058
>XP Expenditures over this month
32 exp for the following:
Occult 3 -> 4
Iron and Labyrinth Circle Necromancy
Ivory Razor Forest
Whispers

---

For the last week, a pillar of bone stretched into the sky. A thicket of razors in every direction... the cause being none other than Morse, who had forced herself into seclusion since her injury. It was not as if those who knew her did not know she was there-- Lute and River had visited, although their conversations were brief and were little more than exchanges of information. Her lunar mate was more than willing to ply her charms and try to sleep with her, but Morse didn't really seem completely... there. Aside from feeding, she did little else with her mate... and resisted none of her advances, although the fun was certainly gone.

It was as if her soul was crushed... the music that played with such fervor before now was somber and low. The mood around town was depressing, thanks to her efforts, but at least it was bearable... better than before, and more suitable for the hopeless mood. It wasn't until the 14th day that a new verse was spoken, and the town was graced with a new lullaby.

Parasitic Dreams, by Morse Song
Open your eyes
Fluid gushing, stomach, churning
Slit your wrists
From your death there's no returning

Parasites
In our body at all times
Parasites
In our hearts and in our minds

We are cages containing the remnants of our final breath
Our souls are not ours to hold and they are stealing from our death
What has given is forsaking
creation has made a lie
When you pass on and you perish truth be told you truly die

Parasites
In our body at all times
Parasites
In our hearts and in our minds

Welcome oblivion soon because you have some in your chest
Bones are clacking muscles screaming do not lay your eyes to rest
Every moment you're not conscious you die once and open eyes
Find you're awake in new body you have found a nice surprise

Your life is not your own
Your life is not your own
Memories are fabricated
Memories are fabricated
Your life is not your own

Parasites
In your body at all times
and they feed
and they feed upon your time

You are filled with parasites

They're not curses ticks or mites
They are forced, into your skull
The true monster is your soul

Free... yourself. You can find a beautiful sparkling future in the dirt...
Inside of your body there is something forcing you to move.
Natural state of life is truly death and peeling you
From the earth and from the ashes from the outer realms

When you are born you are no longer controlling your self! ...


The performance, and others like it that would begin to play regularly shed a light for Morse's companions into what she sacrificed for her newest power... that razor sharp pillar of bone. She believed in an afterlife. She believed in the sanctity of souls, and respected them... but now she believes in neither, and only knows the chill of the void. And today, her bone forest retracted into the earth... and she stood up, ready to face the world once more and... lacking the confidence she did before.

Morse now knows the fear of death.
>>
No. 930571 ID: 0640da

rolled 8, 1, 9, 4, 7, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 5, 8, 8, 6, 5, 2, 10, 8, 3, 8, 7, 1, 10, 10, 5, 4, 2, 10, 5, 4 = 184

Forgot my dice for the performance roll. I keep going 'roll'.
>>
No. 930589 ID: 54735b

Well, one of the first things that Rivers was planning on doing after she got done with her own stuff was go find Morse. It wasn't particularly hard, she was constantly broadcasting her music over miles, and even if she wasn't Morse wasn't good at hiding her tracks from an 'apex predator' like her.

Unfortunately, there was a huge bone spike wall in the way, she tried to explain that she really needed to lay off of transforming for a bit since she felt like her souls were going to snap in half, but she spent as long as she could while still taking cooking lessons to visit her each day, even shredding her body up to get a bit closer to her, watering the ground with her blood as she told Morse about her day up to that point. Until the fateful day that the thorns crumbled to dust, and as if on cue, Rivers was there to pick Morse up and comfort her.

Possibly a bit longer than Morse actually wants to be comforted, but Rivers's had half way shredded herself into a corpse every day for the last week just to try and give her a hug, so she was going to make up for lost time.
>>
No. 930592 ID: 0640da

rolled 1, 9, 8, 9, 4, 6, 1, 7, 1, 5, 3, 7, 8, 3, 2, 2, 10, 3, 3, 10, 10, 1, 1, 4, 2, 1, 9, 8, 6, 2 = 146

>>930589
"I can't say I didn't expect you to be hovering around me like a fly hovers around their carrion desserts... but I appreciate your feeding me while I... voluntarily secluded myself." Morse was not very good at lying. It took her this long to figure out how to dispel her bone grove... at the very least, it didn't look like a cage. That's comforting, in her mind.

"I need a more... substantial meal. So, stay still for me." Morse's fingers drift from her shamisen, the endless droning of music giving way to silence... and she wraps her arms around River. She leans in for a kiss, holding it and inviting River's tongue in what seems, at first, to be a romantic gesture... before biting down, breaking the kiss and tearing her tongue-flesh away. She chews it with a contented look, and dabs at her bloodied lips with the edges of her robe before roping an arm around River's own and taking her with the abyssal. Her fingers return to her instrument, and she begins to play again. "Mmh. Thank you for the meal... let's take a stroll together, now."
>>
No. 930593 ID: 54735b

rolled 2, 8, 5, 4, 7, 10, 7, 7, 7, 10 = 67

That was... Not great. That was a start. She didn't try to stop Morse from ripping her tongue out of her mouth, even though she'd have to break her week long streak of not transforming, but growing another tongue would hardly be that difficult when she did.

But for now, she was just going to be quiet, wanting to see what Morse had in store for her with this walk. Maybe Morse had seen some cool cave that she had missed when scouting or something.

Granted, it would make seeing if she could get in contact with Morse's boss to try and work with her formally a bit harder for the time being.
>>
No. 930594 ID: 0640da

rolled 10, 9, 3, 4, 2, 10, 9, 9, 4, 6, 4, 10, 9, 1, 7, 7, 2, 10, 10, 6, 3, 4, 5, 1, 4, 8, 2, 6, 2, 2 = 169

>>930593
"So. You probably are wondering why I've been so quiet, lately." Morse walks side by side with River on their way through town. "Or what I've been doing. I don't particularly care what you were doing with your time, so there's no need to bore me with the details... although I will say that I like your new haircut. It really brings out the... natural beauty in you." Did Light do something with her hair? Morse isn't sure, so she's guessing.

"If I'm going to have a pet, they should at least look presentable when I bring company... nevermind that, though. There are more important things to worry about in this world... as for me, I think that my concerns, looking back on them now, were petty. I wasn't really... enjoying my life, was I? Tell me... no. Show me, why are we here? That is the question I've been pondering for more than two fortnights now. And I've come to the conclusion, I think, a conclusion which points conclusively at the truth. The question is answered-- we are here because our souls make us. And those souls come from creation... are you following me? I constantly worry your brain is the size of a possum as well. You have beauty and brawn, but neither bestow intelligence... nevermind. I think that, perhaps, Creation is false. We might even be false, but I'm not sure of that either. It's complicated, yes. Difficult. Just nod if you're following so far."

My, my. Morse is awfully chatty today. And a little rude-- no. She was rude before. She seems to be working something out verbally, trying to express a feeling she has...
>>
No. 930595 ID: 156cdf

Rivers didn’t particularly like being called a pet, but she didn’t let it show. After all, this WAS the nicest that she had gotten Morse to be to her in all the time that they had known each other, so she was more glad to be finally acknowledged by the love of her life than anything else as unimportant as ‘dignity.’

But, Morse also wasn’t wrong, she was as dumb as a sack of bricks still. She might change that eventually, after all she did have plans that required her to be smarter. But, without a tongue she lacked any method by which to demonstrate her almost complete lack of understanding of what Morse was talking about.
>>
No. 930596 ID: 0640da

rolled 2, 5, 3, 4, 8, 10, 2, 5, 4, 10, 3, 1, 5, 4, 4, 5, 5, 3, 4, 8, 8, 3, 1, 9, 4, 7, 4, 7, 10, 9 = 157

>>930595
"...right. You're staring at me with your mouth slackened open like a corpse. It's clear that went over your head. Hmm, where to start... well, you know, there is a hun and a po soul in our body. The hun is... the po... so, we have a body. And our body moves because of our... brain. And I'm not sure I understand how that works, but there's also a... soul. A specter. But that specter comes out of our bodies when we die, so... our souls sever. But that's not right, because you can remove your soul and be fine. And there are those who have had three souls, and one left, and they're the same... but when all three left, they're all different. The Deathlords. The deathlords are... they are, were, the parasites. And the Neverborn are also parasites. So parasites are natural, and good. Bad. Good. But they aren't us. And when we die we truly die, and there is a parasite which echoes us... and that parasite, it's a ghost. But the ghost is not us, so the ghost does differently than... us. But we imprint on the ghost. And then there's the higher soul, the exalted soul... but that soul, it's always different, body to body. And though you love me and I... have the strong potential to love you, and while I certainly like you more than would be a friendly relationship, it's more of a sexual like than that, it isn't us who are in love. This higher soul is. But if that's true, are we the parasites, or is the soul a parasite? Are we us? What is... us?"

Okay, uh. To an outside observer it looks like Morse just had a fit of Whispers right then. She's making almost 0 sense. But it makes sense to her.
>>
No. 930598 ID: 54735b

Well, Rivers understood that about as well as Morse explained it, which was to say not at all. But one thing that she knew with a clarity that no amount of confusing rhetoric or the words of the dragons themselves could even hope to muddy in her mind.

She, whatever it was that she actually was, did love Morse. It was a fact that was as fixed a part of her as the elemental poles were for creation (not that she really understood that personally) so as soon as Morse started bringing that up, she just knelt down so that she could look her in the eyes, and kissed her on the forehead as she tried to spell that fact out, quite poorly when she wasn't able to write, or have a tongue for nuanced conversation. Actually, that was getting quite annoying.
>>
No. 930599 ID: 0640da

rolled 10, 8, 7, 8, 2, 9, 7, 2, 3, 4, 4, 2, 6, 5, 3, 10, 2, 3, 7, 10, 7, 1, 6, 10, 1, 10, 2, 2, 9, 3 = 163

>>930598
"...very cute." Morse sighs, clearly not getting through to Light or even herself. "Alright. Let's go find the others... you can sniff them out, right? Mmm... too bad I can't ride you there. I dislike walking." Morse maintains her silence and just looks at Light now, blinking and playing her shamisen. "...yes. Quite terrible I cannot, what with your vow to not... transform."

...is she asking to be carried, or to ride her back to camp?
>>
No. 930601 ID: 54735b

Well, that was hardly fair, she had tried to explain to Morse that she just wanted to give it a break so that she wasn't going to snap in half. She was more than willing to transform for her, plus, she already needed to transform anyway, so she was going to go ahead and do that. Her body twisted and expanded, sprouting fur, her tail becoming like a tree trunk, and her teeth growing to a sharp point, but perhaps most importantly, the stump of her tongue started to bubble out as it was already regenerating, and in a few minutes she should be capable of talking again.

Mechanically, spending the motes to transform into Warform, committing 4 motes for the gift versions of Bruise Relief Method and Halting the Scarlet Flow for maximum regeneration.

And after a few moments of THAT debacle, she would put Morse on her back, and walk off on all 4s, letting Morse ride her like a beast of burden. And surprisingly, she was happy with this.
>>
No. 930603 ID: 54735b

rolled 7, 3, 8, 3, 9, 5 = 35

>>
No. 930604 ID: 0640da

rolled 9, 5, 2, 7, 2, 3, 8, 3, 3, 3, 4, 8, 4, 2, 8, 10, 2, 10, 8, 6, 2, 10, 8, 7, 6, 8, 10, 3, 3, 5 = 169

>>930601
Morse began to play a chipper song... which is also incredibly unusual. She's almost always playing this depressing garbage... let's go check in on Lute and company, or Bridget. Really, whomever was closer... Morse let her legs hang loosely to a side and tries not to fall off as she plays. She doesn't know how to ride horses, but hopefully her mate didn't, you know... LET her fall.

Mechanically, making a riding check. Nice to be back in the RP saddle, too.
>>
No. 930607 ID: 156cdf

Rivers wasn’t mean. Well, that was a lie, she was mean enough to kill people that she thought deserved it and she didn’t bat as much of an eye as someone else, but she wasn’t going to be mean when letting Morse ride her in any sense of the word. She was finally seeming happy, and she was giving her a piece of mind, even if she thought of her as a pet, that was better than non-entity. So, she went nice and even pace for Morse, and she put her tail out for her to hold onto if she needed it.

And off they went to find someone to spread the word to.
>>
No. 930630 ID: 54735b

Since I have the EXP now, I'm going to spend 9 exp to pay off the debt from buying Appearance 4 through Verdant Emptiness Endowment
>>
No. 930688 ID: d9acdc

>>929500
>If you are to lie to the monks, I cannot know of it.

>Per discord, Bridget is allowed to move forward with the scene.

As Bridget approaches the rented storefront, the monks take notice. The two standing nudge one of their fellows awake- seemingly one with fewer plants growing out of them than the other two.

The one with the staff speaks first:
"Seems you're back awful fast. Why'd you come alone?."

Aly, stepping out from behind Bridgets frame, corrects her:
"The story is a long one, and she can't talk right now. We need to move you guys outside before she can, you know, help you. Outside town, I mean. Not just outside, that'd be silly. Oh, uh, also, there's... going to be some side effects, and I feel like you're supposed to disclose those things before you start. I haven't been doing this long but uh, even though they're kind of nasty I think side effects are better than being dead, right? So yeah, pack whatever you need, we're going to be out for a few days. Oh, you don't need to worry about food though, she'll take care or that. Really we just need you to help carry the wounded guys. She'd do it, but she's gotta carry the medicine."

"... yeah, no, that's not happening. I don't know what crazy secrets that monster is hiding, but you're not getting us to dig the graves for you, so if you plan to torture us you'll have to do your dirty work out in the open."

The one in the white belt groggily joins the discussion:
"Whazzat all over it's skin? Looks like writing."

Before anyone can discuss this further though, the Disciple of Mela shows up, panting but in good health.
"Guys, it's fine, don't worry. I gotta go but I talked to Sesus Xanin, remember her? She feels for our plight, and she's sent help. She agreed to share medicine and everything. With the disaster she's holed up trying to sort things out, but we're gonna be okay! Just head to the immaculate training ground- you know, the little dip outside town we'd sneak off to as kids when we wanted to get out of studies? I won't be there, I've devoted myself to helping our Exalted patron, but trust me, it's gonna work out!"
Edgar, sweating nervously, runs off, still disguised as the disciple of Mela until safely outside town.

Bridget, confused, says nothing, fearing her words will worsen the wounds of her patients. In short order the anathema, five immaculate monks, and human surgeon

Shortly after, the Anathema, five Immaculate monks, and the mortal hair doctor walk into a bar join the Dragon King on the outskirts of town, outside the influence of the demense.

Bridget, no longer worried about the consequences of speech, she sets about her work, driving the disease and corruption from the wounded monks. When she is not treating the wounded, she searches for food, ensuring that all can rest and recover their strength in full.

Over the course of three days care is administered to the disciple of Hesiesh and his Sifu. As the screams of the Tomescu signify the dawn of a fourth, Bridget sets about aiding them to shake their ails for good.

Mechanically, Bridget is training Ailment-Rectifying Method over the course of three days by administering medical care to the wounded Immaculates. The, she channels compassion on both the roll to heal the DoH and the roll to heal his Sifu.
Thats 4 dice from medicine, 5 dice from intelligence, 2 dice from assistants (Edgar and Aly) 4 dice from compassion, and any bonuses provided by tools/stunts.
>>
No. 930689 ID: d9acdc

rolled 9, 9, 4, 7, 10, 3, 6, 1, 7, 10, 7, 2, 8, 3, 6, 10, 2, 6, 8, 3, 4, 2, 10, 3, 2, 8, 2, 9, 2, 6, 9, 2, 9, 6, 8, 10, 8, 4, 5, 8, 3, 2, 1, 4, 9, 7, 5, 8, 5, 1 = 283

>>929500
>If you are to lie to the monks, I cannot know of it.

>Per discord, Bridget is allowed to move forward with the scene.

As Bridget approaches the rented storefront, the monks take notice. The two standing nudge one of their fellows awake- seemingly one with fewer plants growing out of them than the other two.

The one with the staff speaks first:
"Seems you're back awful fast. Why'd you come alone?."

Aly, stepping out from behind Bridgets frame, corrects her:
"The story is a long one, and she can't talk right now. We need to move you guys outside before she can, you know, help you. Outside town, I mean. Not just outside, that'd be silly. Oh, uh, also, there's... going to be some side effects, and I feel like you're supposed to disclose those things before you start. I haven't been doing this long but uh, even though they're kind of nasty I think side effects are better than being dead, right? So yeah, pack whatever you need, we're going to be out for a few days. Oh, you don't need to worry about food though, she'll take care or that. Really we just need you to help carry the wounded guys. She'd do it, but she's gotta carry the medicine."

"... yeah, no, that's not happening. I don't know what crazy secrets that monster is hiding, but you're not getting us to dig the graves for you, so if you plan to torture us you'll have to do your dirty work out in the open."

The one in the white belt groggily joins the discussion:
"Whazzat all over it's skin? Looks like writing."

Before anyone can discuss this further though, the Disciple of Mela shows up, panting but in good health.
"Guys, it's fine, don't worry. I gotta go but I talked to Sesus Xanin, remember her? She feels for our plight, and she's sent help. She agreed to share medicine and everything. With the disaster she's holed up trying to sort things out, but we're gonna be okay! Just head to the immaculate training ground- you know, the little dip outside town we'd sneak off to as kids when we wanted to get out of studies? I won't be there, I've devoted myself to helping our Exalted patron, but trust me, it's gonna work out!"
Edgar, sweating nervously, runs off, still disguised as the disciple of Mela until safely outside town.

Bridget, confused, says nothing, fearing her words will worsen the wounds of her patients. In short order the anathema, five immaculate monks, and human surgeon

Shortly after, the Anathema, five Immaculate monks, and the mortal hair doctor walk into a bar join the Dragon King on the outskirts of town, outside the influence of the demense.

Bridget, no longer worried about the consequences of speech, she sets about her work, driving the disease and corruption from the wounded monks. When she is not treating the wounded, she searches for food, ensuring that all can rest and recover their strength in full.

Over the course of three days care is administered to the disciple of Hesiesh and his Sifu. As the screams of the Tomescu signify the dawn of a fourth, Bridget sets about aiding them to shake their ails for good.

Mechanically, Bridget is training Ailment-Rectifying Method over the course of three days by administering medical care to the wounded Immaculates. The, she channels compassion on both the roll to heal the DoH and the roll to heal his Sifu.
Thats 4 dice from medicine, 5 dice from intelligence, 2 dice from assistants (Edgar and Aly) 4 dice from compassion, and any bonuses provided by tools/stunts.
>>
No. 930781 ID: 1ed7af

rolled 1, 6, 5, 5, 8, 1, 1, 6, 2, 8, 1, 5, 2, 4, 5, 3, 3, 10, 3, 10, 6, 8, 10, 6, 3, 9, 2, 9, 2, 3 = 147

>>930420
This social attack goes up against Indomitable Hedonism Drive, so Malice will have to spend all her willpower to resist it.

Malice listens to Lute's story, clearly enamored, but her heart is set. Maybe she can be friends with Lute and have the mirror? She needs time to think. Until then, all this inner turmoil is distracting.

Malice will activate Nemesis Self Imagined Anew targeting Lute. Malice's entire mannerism changes suddenly as she feels the spiteful hate bubbling up inside of her. She speaks a little impatiently, "That's a cool story and all, but can we get to the language lessons? I have a date coming up!"
>>

rolled 2, 2, 5, 5, 4, 2, 7, 7, 6, 3, 10, 8, 8, 6, 5, 6, 5, 9, 8, 7 = 115

>>930781
>"That's a cool story and all, but can we get to the language lessons? I have a date coming up!"
Covering her reaction at the batgirl's sudden transition of disposition Lute with a coy smile, Lute replies "Did you happen to notice what language the story was in?"

At this point Malice realizes Lute is, and has been, speaking in Rivertongue.

Hmm, Indomitable Hedonism Drive isn't obvious and Lute doesn't have essence sight, so... rolling Lore or Occult to see if she recognizes what just happened? No excellency. I figure an akuma would have some awareness of common yozi charms other than her patrons, but that doesn't mean she'd necessarily make the connection either.
>>
No. 930795 ID: 094652

rolled 3, 9, 4, 8, 1, 3, 2, 4, 4, 4 = 42

Embri spots Lute and Malice talking and decides to stalk them in hopes of learning some insight.

Embri uses the high ground, keeping watch for pressure plates in case she needs a quick getaway distraction.
>>
No. 930804 ID: afdebc

>>930795
Lute and Malice's conversation is taking place in the month of downtime before the lawship landed in hell- Embri's would have been in the wrong realm of existence to see them, or stalk them.

By the time Embri reaches hell and parts way from UWD and FFE, she's only tens of miles away from Lute and Malice, rather than a whole world, but still too far to see them.
>>
No. 930901 ID: 2007b6

>>930794
Can't peg non-Obvious charms without essence sight, or at least a broader dataset than resistance to a single social attack. That's enough successes on Perception + Investigation for a slam-dunk Read Motivation, though. Lute learns that Malice wants the Shard Fallen the way a weeping poet wants love, the way a junkie wants opium, the way a princess slaughtering her way up the line of succession wants inheritance, but also, bizarrely, that it's somehow not the only thing this batgirl wants so badly.
>>
No. 930988 ID: c2ef39

>>930794
"What?" Malice tries to test a few phrases in Rivertongue to see if she can actually speak it. She wants to be flippant but that was pretty mindlbowing. "Nnnn-neat trick! That will save a lot of time. I owe you one, Lute Silhouette Speculation in Comet's Reflection. Is there anything I can do in return?"
>>
No. 931181 ID: 2007b6

>>930689
Local legend will remember Bridget's treatment of the monk's infected wound as three days of non-stop screaming. Like most rumors, this is significantly inaccurate. Any mortal human's voice would have given out in far less than 75 hours of truly continuous use, even at a conversational level. As part of his aspirations as an adherent of Hesiesh, Reciter of Loud Hymns and Efficacious Prayers, the monk in question had spent years training his voice for both volume and stamina, and even amid feverish agony maintained sufficient discipline to rest with appropriate frequency, or at least enough to avoid damaging his own larynx in any lasting way.

After it was over, fever broken, gut-mushrooms shriveled and cleaned away, appropriate penance for ingestion of intoxicants (mitigated by medical necesity) duly calculated, the Disciple of Hesiesh leans his head against the chest of the Disciple of Sextes Jylis. She holds him, gently; even monks sometimes weep, and the mindful compassion necessary to restore balance to the world after a devastating ordeal is keystone to the teachings of the Immaculate Dragon of Wood. During those few minutes of weakness, some few words were shared where only the two of them (and keen-eared Malice, lurking nearby) could hear: "Please don't cut out my bones. Don't even... it's not fun anymore." "It'll be okay. A sin just to want that. I swear to you I won't."
>>
No. 931203 ID: 0640da

rolled 1, 1, 4, 10, 8, 8, 2, 1, 1, 5, 2, 10, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 5, 8, 4, 2, 6, 2, 5, 8, 6, 1, 5, 9, 2 = 144

>>930607
Morse is having trouble keeping herself upright on her lunar mate... so she does what any sane person would do when they find themselves outside of their control rating on a mount. She decides to let the Whispers flow through her, devoting a willpower to the action.

...atop River, Morse convulses a little, and her mouth foams at a lip... but then her body smoothly adjusts to her grip as she now has Ride 2 against River's Control Rating of 1. Well, 'smooth' isn't appropriate for the erratic jerking and hair pulling she's performing to force River to move where she wants, but Morse is advancing them quickly towards Lute. Morse needs to talk with her... a bit longer, and meet Red and Gold again, formally. She has no idea what to do now that the world is open to her, and Lute actually seemed friendly and knowledgeable about their next steps.
>>

rolled 9, 5, 5, 8, 8, 8, 10, 8, 6, 8, 1, 1, 5, 4, 1, 7, 2, 2, 3, 4 = 105

Outside a town without a name, beneath the shade of a tree sickly from the light of the wrong sun, stands a woman idly juggling several of the strange fruit of the local demesne.

She watches, bemused, a strange sight rushing her way. An enormous monstrous opossum tearing across the ground, and a masked subterranean recluse desperately trying to maintain grip on her back.

A moment, a mischievous smirk, and a twist of the wrist later, and one of the juggled fruit flies off to paint the recluse's drab mask. "Catch!"

Rolling thrown 2 + dex 6 + stunt + excellency 4, if I can (Arguably art, a gift that's unappreciated / unwanted / unhelpful, and just messing with someone for the joy of it). Pulled punch, not trying to do any damage, just to wet her face and possibly make her lose her balance.

"You've been underground so long, I thought you might appreciate some color, and a taste of something fresh."
>>
No. 931227 ID: 0640da

rolled 10, 2, 7, 7, 2, 5, 7, 10, 9, 10, 5, 8, 4, 8, 3, 4, 2, 7, 8, 3, 10, 5, 2, 1, 3, 3, 1, 7, 1, 6 = 160

>>931226
Morse's neck snaps upon impact with the fruit, and it rolls harmlessly off her mask as her spine bends unnaturally and her neck lolls to one side. Her body collapses behind her, falling into a pile on the ground and additional snaps are heard as the rest of her bones dislocate... there's now a pile of Abyssal on the ground in an unnatural shape. Moments later, her body begins to rearrange itself and she begins to stand on her feet, her spine swinging back into place as she dusts herself off. Then, her hands reach for her head and twist her neck right back around... "...and now I am reminded of why I hate the world. Warn me when you're throwing things, child of Venus."

((Mechanically, she's spending a single mote on Walking Cadaver Grotesquerie. Everyone's MDV is greater than 1 so it shouldn't cause too much psychological damage.))
>>
No. 931229 ID: 54735b

And as soon as Morse was lodged from her back, Rivers grabbed her with her tail to keep her from fully collapsing into a pile on the ground, and stood up to her full height on her 'back legs' (really they were her normal legs, but she had been walking on all fours) to 10 feet tall, easily dwarfing everyone else.

"Oh you're just being grouchy because you didn't think that she'd see us coming. Where's all that pep you had in your step a minute ago? Also, she got plenty of sun in that bone forest."
>>
No. 931230 ID: 094652

rolled 10, 4, 3, 10, 8, 5, 4, 4, 1, 1, 6, 8, 7, 2, 6, 9, 4, 3, 7, 1, 6, 9, 3, 6, 7, 8, 2, 8, 9, 5 = 166

It has finally occurred to Embri that this is not a mere hell-infested town and she has literally stumbled into hell. Embri makes a note to yell at the engineers to fix her brain first next time.

After attempting to find her way back using a combination of the dragonfly eye and a calculated approach to her notes, Embri decides to find the weakest looking demon type she can, set up a few traps, and lure them into becoming her new servant followed by a request for directions to the edge of the 'city' back to Creation followed by a capture attempt.

Using Bow WP, and one peripheral mote for every stat this crazy attempt uses.
>>
No. 931234 ID: 0640da

rolled 7, 2, 3, 9, 2, 6, 4, 9, 9, 8, 6, 2, 2, 6, 2, 9, 9, 8, 3, 8, 1, 1, 3, 7, 7, 10, 7, 6, 5, 2 = 163

>>931229
"Why does everyone assume my intelligence is as low as your own? They all seem to regard me like I was you, an animal of some kind." Morse huffs, she's definitely grouchy. "I just want to feel respected, for once... not pelted with fruits when I'm here on a serious errand. Is that simply too much to ask from the world? A little politeness and respect?"

Morse rolls her eyes, and shakes her head as she's held limply by Light's tail. "I'm here about something else, too. Many other things, each more pressing than the last, but I should begin with the simplest tasks and work my way up from there... it's come to my attention that I might have no idea what I'm doing and I don't know who I am. I find my purpose muddled and my thoughts bogged, and yet I feel the inky blackness of the void calling me to do... something. Do you have any advice for resolving this problem so I can get back to work, child of Venus? I figure you have so many... identities by this point you might have a more solid grasp on it than I." Morse's necromancy has taken a toll on her identity... however much she had before now.
>>
No. 931260 ID: 54735b

rolled 7, 7, 4, 3, 2, 1, 5, 10, 8, 2, 5, 5, 1, 7, 10, 1, 1, 6, 10, 2, 1, 1, 9, 4, 9, 5, 5, 3, 9, 10 = 153

>>931234
"Now that's dumb, I think you're probably one of the smartest people I know. A bit blind to perspective and desperately clinging onto the past sure, but still smart.

"But what's more, I respect you. Enough that I'm going to give you a bit of tough love. I don't know what in your life scarred you enough to cause you to become an Anathema, but I know it was traumatizing enough to leave deep wounds." As she talked she rubbed her collar, still pressing uncomfortably around her neck. "I won't force you to talk about it, but you're stronger than whatever killed you. Sure, you can try to hold onto that weakness and mourn whatever you left behind as a mortal, or you can take your power and become the kind of person you always wanted to be but were too scared to try to be."
>>
No. 931266 ID: bf39b8

rolled 6, 6, 10, 1, 9, 9, 10, 5, 8, 4, 10, 7, 7, 6, 3, 6, 1, 3, 10, 10, 7, 10, 10, 9, 10, 5, 2, 5, 10, 2 = 201

This was always the best part because Malice didn't have to do anything. Just stay vigilant and take in the night air. Tucked between a few thick growths of the demesne, she waited for Rivers to show up alone.

She picked this area specifically. Fairly remote area behind the tavern, the wood essence growth was thick here, tangled up in an irregular lattice canopy. Malice is arranging the corpses of the rodents who had wandered too close while she was camping out, all dead and exsanguinated, when her date finally comes through.

Malice dives down to perform another brutal wing slap. Join battle roll!
>>
No. 931282 ID: 0640da

rolled 3, 6, 8, 1, 10, 10, 4, 10, 5, 6, 6, 1, 1, 6, 9, 4, 10, 5, 2, 7, 2, 10, 9, 3, 4, 5, 7, 3, 6, 10 = 173

>>931260
"...please ignore my mate's ramblings. I suspect the reason for her sweet attitude is she would like to bed me. Child of Venus, I implore you for advice. My Deathlord said you would come to my aid. Perhaps the time for that aid is now?" Morse pushes and squirms inside Light's grip, but doesn't have an effective means to struggle out.
>>

rolled 4, 9, 10, 7, 6, 6, 7, 1, 1, 6, 5, 4, 4, 6, 4, 7, 10, 4, 2, 1, 7, 10, 6, 8, 7, 6, 8, 9, 8, 6 = 179

>>931234
The juggling ceases and the twirling objects quickly vanish as the vizier's expression grows serious.

Blue eyes seeming to peer straight through the thespian's mask, possibly right down to the abyssal's battered, death-stained soul, cerulean caste mark suddenly ablaze on her brow, she intones "Morse Song, you would ask me who you are?"

Rolling sense motivation to give Lute in-character insight into Morse before trying to set her straight through this personal crisis. Perception 6 + Investigation 4 + Stunt + Excellency 10. Mirror flag imposes -2 successes, spending 10m peripheral for the excellency, using previous stunt award to refill personal.
>>
No. 931298 ID: 2007b6

>>931297
That's clearly an Urge-resonant stunt, so 23 dice for 11 successes. Morse's Manipulation 3 + Socialize 1 would give difficulty 2, raised to 4 by the mask, meaning Lute will certainly be able to assess Morse's current dominant emotion and put it in an appropriate context. Unless Morse spends XP to immediately buy Socialize up to 5 dots, Lute will also figure out one of her Intimacies, from among those that are relevant to the current scene.
>>
No. 931300 ID: 0640da

rolled 6, 10, 4, 9, 10, 8, 8, 8, 6, 7, 9, 4, 5, 6, 9, 7, 5, 3, 10, 6, 10, 10, 9, 5, 10, 10, 4, 3, 1, 9 = 211

>>931298
Morse's current dominant emotion is 'Troubled', I would think. She's very confused and weak, and all she knows how to do is rely on others at this point. For a brief reminder of her intimacies and relevant emotions:

Small Animals(Longing) (Hatred)
Rebellion (Sympathy)
Weak and Infirm(Concealed Compassion)
Romantic Love(Longing)
The Void(Obsession)
Hundred Flowing Sweet Rivers(Love) [Lunar Bond]

Minor emotions right now, if you get those for whatever reason, include 'Disloyal', 'Grumpy', 'Happy', 'Open-Minded', 'Stiff', 'Full', 'Spiteful'. Morse just ate, talked to her love and took a walk, so she's generally in a good mood right now. She's feeling particularly disloyal at the moment and it's an uncomfortable feeling, and she definitely isn't happy her Deathlord ruined her good mood before now. She's her normal levels of grumpy and spiteful.
>>
No. 931302 ID: 54735b

>>931266

Rivers doubted she could exactly sneak up on Malice. She was, after all, in effectively a sniper tower. She didn't like the prospect of trying to turn into a natural creature for easier range since Malice had a habit of attacking anything that came near. So, she would have to be careful.

Well, she wasn't particularly strong, and if Malice still wanted to attack her on this date, she'd just play a nasty joke on her. So, plan in mind, she runs out into the open, expecting to get attacked, and rather than start a battle, letting the Wing Attack hit, and she fell to the ground, fully appearing to be dead.

--------------------------

>>931282
"Well, I wouldn't have guessed that harshly criticizing you was what you would call a sweet attitude. I guess I should wait until we're alone and berate you."

As it was though, she held Morse firmly in place, letting Lute do her thing.
>>

rolled 6, 3, 3, 7, 7, 8, 1, 9, 9, 5, 6, 7, 8, 4, 6, 6, 10, 8, 2, 8, 1, 1, 6, 4, 10 = 145

>>931298
>>931300
Lute's now aware of the Morse's current emotional turmoil and its context, as well as her intimacy of love for Rivers.

"You have suffered recent setbacks and defeats, you have uprooted what were once pillars of your beliefs, and on top of all that..." Lute's gaze turns towards the Lunar supporting the target of her inquiry "...you have fallen in love."

"And now, you are no longer sure of the ground on which you stand, or how to proceed. That is the sum of it, is it not?"

Follow up read motivation roll. Perception 6 + Investigation 4 + Stunt + Excellency 4, 4m personal, this time. Previous stunt award goes towards peripheral.
>>
No. 931326 ID: 46a346

rolled 2, 7, 6, 1, 2, 2, 6, 6, 10, 8, 2, 8, 8, 7, 1, 5, 6, 5, 2, 7, 5, 6, 4, 10, 10, 2, 2, 10, 3, 6 = 159

"I must needs insist those two things are not related, Child of Venus. Your thirst for matchmaking should not cloud your judgement. I desire assistance in finding my place in the world, not pleasuring this beast with my fingers." Morse snarls, feeling uncomfortable as as she is... looked at by her shining friend.
>>
No. 931327 ID: 3732a8

“Well, I suppose if you haven’t fallen in love, then there’s little need for me to be here.” Rivers gingerly put Morse on the ground, and started walking off.

In truth, she was mostly testing Morse to call her bluff and seeing how staunchly she would hold her guns that Lute was off the mark when it came to loving her, but she was determined to give Morse as much space as she was acting like she needed and helping her from afar.
>>
No. 931328 ID: a600ee

rolled 6, 7, 4, 9, 1, 4, 3, 9, 8, 6, 4, 8, 6, 1, 5, 1, 8, 1, 3, 2, 1, 7, 6, 10, 9, 4, 2, 8, 7, 4 = 154

>>931302
Malice circles around and lands. She stares wide-eyed at Rivers' corpse, and looks around for any witnesses. Hmm, I hit her harder last time and she took it fine.

>Cannibalism
Malice leans down to bite Rivers' neck.
>>

rolled 5, 2, 5, 1, 2, 1, 1, 9, 7, 3, 6, 10, 1, 5, 4, 3, 9, 2, 2, 6, 6, 6, 4, 7, 4, 6, 9, 1, 2, 9 = 138

>>931322
Okay, by my count that's 9 success on 17 dice, which beats difficulty 4 again. Lute groks Morse's intimacy for Romantic Love this time.

>>931326
"It is not lust that disquiets you, child of Setesh's unnamed stars. It is love, something you fervently longed for, that found you suddenly and without warning. Unexpected realization of that dream has left you reeling as surely your setbacks.

"We are, after all, defined by our dreams."

"Buffeted by success and failure, pillars you once leaned on crumbling, you must understand what you have gained and lost, if you are to answer the question. What is it you want, Morse Song?"

Have some dice if needed, assuming this counts as some manner of social attack. Excellency 4, if needed, I'll keep sticking to what can be stunted back.
>>
No. 931340 ID: 54735b

As soon as Malice bit into her neck, Rivers let her drink 1 health level of blood before she sprang her trap, her arms striking like snakes and she even grabbed to a few of the low hanging meat vines to hold her closer.

"So, why exactly are you a fan of hitting someone on the first date?"
>>
No. 931342 ID: 54735b

rolled 7, 6, 8, 1, 2, 10, 9, 9, 8, 1, 5, 3, 4, 6, 6, 7, 4, 7, 8, 4, 10, 10, 10, 8, 7, 4, 8, 4, 9, 3 = 188

>>
No. 931343 ID: f17499

rolled 5, 1, 10, 8, 6, 1, 3, 10, 8, 10, 5, 6, 3, 1, 8, 5, 1, 3, 3, 6, 9, 7, 3, 4, 1, 9, 4, 7, 3, 6 = 156

"A question I'll get to a moment... hey! Get back here, you mangy rat! Are you trying to ditch me on our date?" Morse stomps off, gripping Light be the tail and tugging. "I'll have none of your playing with my feelings. Try this stunt again and I'll kill you myself." Morse sneers, her fangs more prominent... "...what were you mocking me about again, child of Venus? You think me confused? I am, but that's why I came to you. What confidence you show in asking questions of someone coming to YOU for advice." Morse grips Light possessively now.
>>
No. 931344 ID: 54735b

"Morse, I think you've made it perfectly clear that you don't act like you want love, you act like you want a servant."

Rivers almost had to laugh at how comical it looked, having someone who was (when factoring in the Square Cube Law) almost 1/10ths as big as she was who she knew for a fact couldn't even throw a half decent punch if her life depended on it threatening to kill her.

"I'll stay if you can open up, at least a bit, about how you really feel without getting defensive about the magical life coach trying to guide you to a better life."
>>
No. 931345 ID: f17499

rolled 23, 24, 30, 14, 9, 1, 13, 22, 24, 29 = 189

Morse opens her mouth to yell, closes it, opens it again, and settles on pointing and scowling with her teeth clenched, arm wobbling... before going limp and bending from the waist. She lifts her head and points her nail at Lute's neck. "Don't think you've won by teaming up with... her to manipulate me. I'll let you do your thing, but I do NOT like you or what you're trying to do or insinuate. Got it? You aren't winning. This isn't me admitting you're right." Morse puffs her cheeks out now and folds her arms over one another.
>>

rolled 9, 3, 9, 4, 6, 1, 3, 3, 7, 6, 2, 5, 7, 2, 5, 7, 4, 4, 8, 5 = 100

"This is my advice, Morse. If you would know yourself, you must first be honest with yourself. You will not discern your purpose so long as you cloud your vision."
>>
No. 931347 ID: f17499

rolled 3, 5, 10, 9, 2, 9, 3, 8, 3, 6, 8, 10, 2, 2, 5, 2, 10, 6, 4, 4, 8, 10, 1, 5, 1, 10, 1, 3, 8, 9 = 167

"...as much as I can be amused by you using your words against me, I thought you would give me something more... actionable. Read a book. Sit under a waterfall. Fill out a questionnaire." Morse frowns. "Change something about me, not ask myself... ques... tions." Morse squints and thinks about this. "Wait, are you telling me to sever my hun and po souls?"
>>
No. 931348 ID: 54735b

Rivers was satisfied with the answer that Morse gave, at least for the time being. It looked like she had a lot of work to do before she could break through to Morse and get her to examine her real feelings. So, she sat down, pried Morse from her body and sat her down on her lap, and lovingly ran her razor sharp talons harmlessly through her hair.

"It's about being honest with yourself. Like your feelings, you claim you don't like me and you act like you don't want anything to do with me, but the second I try to leave you're terrified of me leaving. Clearly somewhere you're lying, either on purpose, or some other reason you'd lie to yourself."
>>
No. 931359 ID: 2007b6

>>931322
>>931336
Nine successes, yes, but that's only enough to figure out another intimacy if Morse doesn't buy any more dots in Socialize at all. Base difficulty is enough to read the current mood or spot a lie, but you need twice as many successes to spot an underlying intimacy.
>>
No. 931393 ID: 2007b6

Near the end of the month, just as River's caste mark and anima power are shifting from changing moon to new moon, four riders approach on the road from Aketon: two apparent humans (one in light armor with a helmet styled like a three-horned deer, the other dressed as a Guildsman), a beautiful woman with the head of a frog, and someone holding an odd-colored lamp attached to a long staff, but otherwise mostly concealed under a grassy cloak.

They stop at an appropriately respectful distance outside whatever defensive perimeter has been established around the demesne, and signal a wish to parley.
>>
No. 931400 ID: 2007b6

>>929524
Economy, Loyalty and Stability from the Pathfinder kingdom-building rules correspond to the Bureaucracy, Socialize, and War skills, and in a more general sense, Mental, Social, and Physical attributes. In the (deprecated, but interesting from a theoretical standpoint) Mandate of Heaven rules from the Storyteller's Guide, these same categories are referred to as Government, Culture, and Military, or metaphorically as the tiger, the mouse, and the bear.

Meat moss demesne provides 5 dirham worth of food per month so long as there's someone attuned to the place on-site walking around and talking. However, raw food can't be spent to finance new construction, only to offset maintenance costs or temporarily boost morale, and if you want to save a surplus from one month to the next you'll need to build a granary. Spending food on charity for the poor or disabled, bribes to the resentful, and public celebrations boosts Loyalty; spending it on maintenance workers, militia, and police boosts Stability. Collecting more taxes boosts Economy at the expense of Loyalty.

You've got one claimed hex, and one square mile within it suitable for urban development, for a total maintenance cost of 2 dirham per month. That's well below the food budget. Unfortunately, so far you've only managed to scrape together about 4 dirham worth of demon labor, salvaged building materials, and other durable liquid assets, with two or three more expected next month. Repairing and adequately securing the granary would cost 6 dirham, and that's with a 50% discount for the foundation already in place. Building a decent stone wall all the way around the demesne would cost 8 dirham, 8 more for a moat and 12 for a watchtower. Digging an adequate sewer system would cost 24 dirham. A minimally functional shrine to Cecelyne has been set up, but finishing that elaborate temple you planned might cost 50.

In summary, this place is a wreck. If you want to get anything done, you'll need to think about how to pay for it.

Establishing an effective territorial claim over the exiled chunk of Creation may take about a year, if everything goes smoothly. You can claim one additional hex per month, at a cost of a dirham per hex, until you've got eleven hexes at which point some economies of scale kick in and it becomes possible to claim a second hex every month. Question is, which direction do you want to grow first? Clockwise along the perimeter, into lightly forested hills, toward the abandoned mine and the loose-skinned thing with violet eyes? Counterclockwise, through ox-dragon territory, unsuitable for farming but a good source of structural stone? Or toward the center, on the road to Aketon? In principle you could try to annex parts of Hrotsvitha, but doing so would first require clearing out any hostile military forces or monsters.
>>
No. 931438 ID: afdebc

>>931347
>I thought you would give me something more... actionable. Read a book. Sit under a waterfall. Fill out a questionnaire.
If you seek meditation and self reflection, I can teach you methods. But those are simply lens- if you cannot accept what you see through them, it will not matter which you look through."

Not gonna push much harder than this for now- I don't think Lute or anyone can get Morse to get over her own hangups in a single session.

>>931393
Cupping her hands and whispering the spider only she can see within them, Lute inquires about the riders four.

What are their names, and what kinds of beings are they? (God, spirit, mortal, etc).

(Using personal motes, and not interested in spending more than can be stunted back).
>>
No. 931483 ID: 2007b6

>>931438
Guildsman's a mortal. Deer helmet is half-human, half-earth elemental - specifically, the child of a kri who recently married Aketon's patron god. The lady is a type of water elemental known as heketa, associated with poison and vengeance. Cloaked figure's personal identity and nature are supernaturally obscured, but accompanies the group in an official capacity as representative of a nearby tribe of mosok dragon kings.

Haven't got specific names in mind for the four of them, so there's room for that to be defined as part of dramatic editing from 2-die stunts.
>>
No. 931540 ID: 54735b

>Discord Malfean disaster Table. 4 successes. "the Silent Wind wipes out anyone not wearing a hauberk of bells or equivalent, or hiding in an airtight box"

A fitting end to the person foolish enough to be spreading anti-yozi propaganda. Also as discussed over Discord, the bottom layer of the Manse (the actual shrine) can be made Air-Tight as a precaution against this exact thing. So, loading as many people as possible after SX herself, with the priority of 1 of the spa turtles, The Tomescu that mans the artillery cannon, the Smith demon that serves as an anti-counterfit check, as many soldiers as possible, and any demons that I know are useful to my cause. That should probably be more than can actually fit in one floor but that's the order of priority, and the people who were just waiting patiently or were on the other side of the gates are just doomed.


But, some weeks after the Silent Wind comes, all of the corpses would have been disposed of and signs portraying a human face with a golden crown and the words "Don't forget, she could always be watching you." written in Old Realm litter the trail as the Lawship's party enters into the territory that Sesus Xanin controlled.

>>931400
Could I get a write-up for the amount of supplies that I have access to so I can write up a character sheet for my territory, and possibly do a kingdom section to determine my options of building?
>>
No. 931541 ID: 54735b

Well, it looked like Lute was done with Morse's deep seated issues for the moment to focus on these 4 new comers. So, she figured she should too.

She stood up, and whether Morse followed her or not, she started walking in the direction of the horsemen to parlay.
>>
No. 931574 ID: 1510ad

rolled 1, 4, 1, 9, 7, 10, 3, 9, 3, 10, 6, 6, 4, 1, 8, 4, 7, 10, 2, 2, 1, 5, 1, 8, 1, 5, 3, 10, 7, 8 = 156

>>931340
Malice tried dodging that. Activating Torn Lotus Defense, so if Rivers misses it counts as a scene of building a positive intimacy toward Malice (unless Rivers spends 1 WP)

Malice lets out a shrill squeak and jumps back away from Rivers' arms. Her claw gets caught on a meat vine and she starts flapping her wings frantically, shaking the whole canopy. Then she falls flat on her back and a couple dead squirrels tumble out of the vine cluster to land on her chest.

Malice lets out an exasperated sigh. "Well...it got such good results last time!"
>>

rolled 5, 9, 5, 6, 7, 10, 8, 8, 3, 7, 8, 1, 8, 5, 1, 10, 7, 7, 9, 7 = 131

>>931483
The guild, an elemental and a half, and a dragon king? An interesting confluence of interests.

>Who's going out to greet them?
Lute will! Let's go see what Venomous Suwako and co have to say.

Lute, excuse me, I mean Dutiful Topaz, is gonna attach herself to Red and Gold and/or Bridget, and present herself as if she's a diplomat or adviser here, rather than one of the players. She will shift her magic clothes to be naturally dressed in something to appropriate to that role. Her arm will appear human, the Shard Fallen tucked away elsewhere, and her hearthstone amulet hidden under clothes.

Rolling disguise! Intelligence 6 + Larceny 0 + Lens Arm Specialty 1 + Infinite Resplendence Amulet bonus 2 + Arcane Fate 3 + Excellency 4 (cause why not). At difficulty 1, because sidereal.
>>
No. 931597 ID: 54735b

>>931574


>discord agreement to just resolve external to mechanics since we don't want to get the combat mechanics involved.

"I kissed you since I think you're absolutely beautiful, not because you tried to hit me. That said, did you have an idea where we were going on this date, or are you going to foist that onto me?"

Rivers offered a hand to help Malice back on her feet at the very least. After all, they were on a date, and she didn't want to be rude.
>>
No. 931612 ID: 2007b6

>>931540
No roll? Sesus Xanin's Conviction ("making decisions when all options are horrific") is actually fairly weak, so she ends up hesitating at a few key moments and losing about 40% of her initial 250 human troops despite best efforts to shield everyone with her anima, leaving her with a magnitude 3 army of 150. Recruiting more would require access to a supply of human civilians. Most of the specified demons survive, including enough of the hot-spring turtles that you've got an adequate supply of water, but much of the food stockpile was either disintegrated by the Silent Wind or plundered before you could re-emerge to secure it - and demon merchants seem to consider even the most basic types of food a luxury item. Back on the Blessed Isle, acquiring a literal ton of rice per obol was just a matter of haggling a bit with the right wholesaler, but here in the demon realm it's hard to find any type of edible grain at less than an obol per hundredweight - and, even more perversely, single servings of ready-to-eat porridge are actually cheaper than an equivalent amount of dry, shelf-stable grain! Int 3 + Bureaucracy 4 says that should be economically impossible, at least without a lot of other bizarre conditions that'd collapse within a few weeks, if not hours, but local demons consider it a completely unremarkable state of affairs.
>Could I get a write-up for the amount of supplies that I have access to so I can write up a character sheet for my territory, and possibly do a kingdom section to determine my options of building?
Your troops can't safely patrol more than a few hundred yards from the manse, so you don't really control anywhere near an entire 12-mile hex. They have whatever kit they were holding, including enough provisions for a week or two, but after that you've got problems. Could try to establish a secure supply line back through the Spawning Forest to territory where wholesome green things grow; could try to cut a deal with that slimy two-faced fellow who claims to be a representative of the Carnifex Guild (literally dripping with slime, second face right between his shoulderblades, and also projects a profound aura of used-car-salesman dishonesty, but does have some high-quality cuts of meat as samples); or follow the instructions from that book with the blue-edged pages and have all your troops pray to Cecelyne, four 7-minute sessions per day in exchange for delicious locusts; or maybe demand food as payment for passage and see what the crowd comes up with; or... something else?
>>
No. 931617 ID: 54735b

>>931612
I can't even begin to imagine what kind of dicepools would be relevant so that's why I didn't toss dice at it.

As for the food situation, that's the easiest of the problems to solve. The nearby 5 dot demesne is producing an overwhelming surplus of food, and I have an excess of capital from my personal non-perishable resources that I had, and the Resources 3 from my constructed economy. Since the nameless town is both fairly close, already looking to establish trade with external regions, and only has food as a resource to export, I can leave a lot of the logistic concerns of getting the caravan to within pickup distance to Red and Gold since he's so keen on playing ruler himself. It has also already been established in >>926657 that he's sending out diplomats to negotiate trade to local factions which would definitely include the Manse serving as a chokepoint on the easiest route to the Demon City. As a sign of good faith, I would even agree to both giving favorable rates compared to other traders traveling through and not coming into town to challenge his authority directly in exchange for a better deal than might initially be offered.

As for not being able to secure a full 12 mile hex and having lost 40% of my forces, those can both be remedied by starting to conscript locals to replace the fallen. What they lose in terms of innate cohesion as a unit and alien desires that can prove difficult to control (especially without sorcery) they make up for with being in vastly greater supply where we're at, ease of supply lines since they don't NEED to be fed or given drink in incredibly tight scenarios, and being individually stronger than single humans.

Plus, the unspoken benefit of being able to secure territory safely on the city side of the Manse and starting to expand to control 1 whole 12 mile hex.
>>
No. 931618 ID: 54735b

rolled 5, 4, 4, 10, 7, 6, 10, 1, 7, 2, 6, 4, 9, 4, 4, 8, 9, 9, 2, 2, 9, 10, 4, 10, 8, 10, 7, 3, 9, 5, 8, 4, 1, 8, 1, 6, 3, 2, 8, 7, 8, 2, 7, 5, 8, 8, 4, 2, 8, 3 = 291

>>
No. 931619 ID: 1510ad

Standing in front of one of Sesus Xanin's They Live signs, Fanged Flair Effulgence turns to Dell. "Not what I was expecting." Having done some digging(the human soldiers were the most cooperative) FFE is pretty sure he's caught up on the situation. "Let's go talk to her, shall we?"

FFE approaches a few soldiers in the middle of a game of cards. He demands to see Sesus Xanin immediately, concerning matters of Cecelyne law of which they are all in violation. After a short argument between the three, they get up to personally escort FFE and UWD through the long line to enter the manse.
>>
No. 931621 ID: 54735b

>>931619

Sesus Xanin was annoyed. She rarely wasn't annoyed, but this was a particularly annoying challenge to her ego for someone to drag some of HER men away from their post to interrupt her rigorous training exercises to whip some of the local menagerie into beasts fit for soldiers to tell her that she was violating the law.

But, it wasn't something that she could JUST ignore. So, she appointed one of the demons that already had an idea of how soldiers needed to work and appointed them the overseer for the day's training exercises in strategy as she uncovered her shield to go and greet the visitors. Her tune changed, though only mildly, when she realized that these people were Dragon Blooded themselves.

"Please, let's head to my office to discuss this."
>>
No. 931622 ID: 54735b

The division of demons is 1 Tomescu to 4 Bloodapes if possible. While the bulk of my army at present is ranged based, the Tomescu already by default have War and are good unit commanders (even if their specialty would need to be retrained) and since for the most part I can't expect to be able to fight along side them if they are supposed to be working on securing territory for my rule. I'm sure I'll find some other demons for helping the logistics of this demon army work, but at the moment, that's the present make up of the army.
>>
No. 931625 ID: d9acdc

>>931400
We produce 5 dirhams of food, and need 2 for routine upkeep, so that leaves us with 3 leftover. How many dirham do the demons Red and Gold is summoning produce in labor, and how much can Bridget contribute with Food Gathering Exercise and CNNTs?
>>
No. 931630 ID: 2007b6

>>931617
>can't even begin to imagine what kind of dicepools would be relevant
Charisma + [War or Performance] to rally for numbers, corebook p. 165. Not quite a standard use, but it seems reasonably similar: scattered, possibly panicked soldiers need to be hastily reassembled into a cohesive unit before you can direct them all into an orderly retreat.

>logistics
>wood demsene
>let Red And Gold take care of it
Stuff grown in that demesne doesn't seem to respect the usual distinctions between plant, animal, and fungus, and dining on it long-term might have side effects, exact details TBD but hideous mutations aren't out of the question.

More importantly, there's no road suitable for wagons leading to there through the Spawning Forest. The most direct route would need to pass through Aketon - going around it means either crossing a huge river with no bridge, or a muddy flood plain, or tripling the distance through Hrotsvitha a supply run would need to traverse.

Pathfinder rules say building a basic dirt road through a forest hex you've already explored and claimed costs two dirham under ideal conditions, which these are not. This route will probably need to cross two hexes of Hrotsvitha, which may count as a jungle, at least doubling the costs. Or, I could dust off the GURPS Low-Tech rules, work it all out down to inches and pennies.

If you could secure a prepaid favor from Jacint (in the form of an Unfurling Road Prayer Strip), or a hive of builder bugs, or a sorcerer with a landscape-shaping spell, or maybe even just a pair of Path-Carving Boots, that could greatly simplify and accelerate the whole road-building process - while possibly also allowing you to pave a path through the sky, thus circumventing any and all ground-based hazards.

Alternatively, you could avoid road construction entirely by digging a canal to the nearest part of what used to be the Avarice River. No fiddly stonework needed, just blast a series of holes in the ground with your infernal cannon or whatever other destructive tools are available, then haul goods in a barge from Aketon's docks. Still needs to cross about fifteen miles before you reach open water, and there might be things under the ground that would object to being exposed and/or drowned, or elevation or leakage issues you'd need to correct with dams and locks - ideally, a team of surveyors could spot such problems for you, but, shockingly, most demons aren't faithful adherents to the Immaculate Philosophy, and as such aren't quite leaping at the chance to preemptively supply everything you need to conquer and civilize the place.

The Traveler's Road, leading from the city of Whitewall to the sea, was supposedly hand-built entirely by a single Blasphemous anathema. Powerful enchantments protect anyone traveling upon it from wyld things and the dead, even though they can closely approach the road, and enforce terrible punishments on any mortals who attempt banditry, or even exalts who dare break the peace. Possibly Bridget and/or Morse Song could construct a similar wonder to safeguard your supplies through hostile territory. According to the old stories it took him three solid centuries, but the Traveler's Road is twenty yards wide and 700 miles long, so a quick bit of dimensional analysis suggests that two anathema working together might be able to get you what you need in just a few months.

Until some sort of major public works project is complete, though, seems like the only realistic options for that shipping would be a batch of demons task-bound to carry supplies, or hiring that airship. The Haslanti league definitely knows how to do airborne logistics - the cities of Crystal and Diamond Hearth would starve without it. Unfortunately, they also know how to negotiate. The airship's quartermaster has a suspiciously detailed assessment of how long Red And Gold needs to recuperate after summoning and binding a demon, what materials are needed to do so safely, what else those supernatural laborers might be useful for, etc. so their 'hazard pay' bid is just a hairsbreadth below intolerable gouging. If Seven Broken Wings Of Red And Gold wants to get a better deal there, he'll need to either find or build leverage on the Haslanti officers, or bring in a credible competitor that's not paid for out of his own mote pool.
>>
No. 931633 ID: 2007b6

>>931625
Food-Gathering Exercise would let you lead up to 300 people - more than are currently available - in foraging enough to feed themselves (or a similar-sized group) for a full day every 25 minutes. Between her demesne and hearthstone, Bridget's recovering 26 motes per hour while working or 30 per hour while resting, so two six-hour shifts per day is plausible, which would produce enough food for 8,640 people if you could bring in enough additional workers, or about half a dirham per day. Preserving that food for anything much beyond immediate use would be an entirely separate problem.

CNNT, E4, and Craft(Fire) 4 means Bridget can do the work of a dozen master smiths or potters, at least for new fabrication rather than repairs. Squeezing a dirham's worth of work into a single month that way would require averaging hundred-hour weeks, and using the excellency mostly to compensate for fatigue. Part of the problem is that there's only so much real master-level work to be done; training up more apprentices and journeymen with Harmonious Academic Methodology might let you delegate the low-skill tasks and thereby improve efficiency. Craft (Earth) and Craft (Wood) are also likely to be important.

A group of 25 first circle demons can do about a dirham's worth of work per month. Maybe twice that if it's the particular type of work they're specialized for, but there are also significant material expenses involved in the initial summoning, and collateral damage risks, so it's better to go with the conservative estimate. For those two or three dirham of expected income next month, one is local mortals following Red And Gold's suggestions for lack of anything better to do or donating goods out of a sense of gratitude, the second is revenue from already bound demons, and the possible third is if he can hire and/or bind two or more loyal demon workers per day through all of Resplendent Fire.

It's worth noting that so far you're protecting and providing for all these people - couple hundred in town, thousands more scattered across the rest of the hex in homesteads or small villages - without any clear attempt to extract taxes or compel service from them in return.
>>
No. 931635 ID: d9acdc

>>931633
By my estimates, if 300 people can spend 12 hours a day and produce half a dirham, then you'd need 7,200 hours of labor to gather up a dihram of food. In a month, two groups of 25, working 6 hours shifts, could then produce two and a half dihram of food. With nothing to use that food for, and no way to store it, that would be virtually useless, except to offset moral and loyalty costs for raising taxes. Haven't gone over the rules myself so I'm unsure how directly food can be converted into labor when people are not abundant.
If Bridget had 4 dots in craft water, it makes sense that the food could be turned into reasonable products for labor, but she can only do the work of 12 people. Even if provided otherwise abundant food and all the time she could want to work, that would still only be about 4,000 hours of skilled labor. So, do hours of skilled labor convert into dirham at a better rate than raw food? Furthermore, to address more pressing needs, how much labor could that one repair charm which I forget the name of supply? Would it allow us to circumvent spending Dirham on things like repairing the granary? Would those 4000 hours of skilled labor provide more benefit when used with Craft (Earth) or Craft (Wood) right now?
>>
No. 931646 ID: 0640da

rolled 3, 8, 9, 10, 6, 8, 6, 7, 6, 1, 5, 1, 2, 9, 2, 5, 10, 8, 4, 7, 5, 10, 5, 7, 9, 6, 10, 10, 4, 5 = 188

>>931589
Morse will attend as the ambiguous 'Ambassador'. If asked, she'd say the underworld, but otherwise remain quiet and let Lute talk. If I had XP I'd purchase the full extent of dots in Socialize here, seems rather important for a diplomatic meeting. She's going to stick with her Lunar, of course, and do her best to pose no threat. Her mask should make it pretty hard to determine she's an abyssal and not some other thing but it would be nice for more coverage.
>>
No. 931647 ID: 54735b

>Discord Conversation about the logistics of this and how I would need the DotFA command background to use demons.

>DotFA Command 3 has the following prerequisites: Allies 3, Connections 3, Retainers 3, and Resources 6

>Command 2 has Allies 2, Retainer 1, Contacts 1, and Resources 5 pre-requisites

>Currently has meets none of those prerequisites, but 2 backgrounds worth of exp free.

Okay, since it will be a long while before I can ever justify having Resources 6 for Command 3, I'm going to just politely request that I refund it for a 4th dot in Resources as SX takes a more personal role in leading the Manse and getting better at the job and smoothing out the issues from the transition over the month.

Spend 3 Exp to have negotiated with the local guild presence in Aketon since we're pretty well both screwed in this situation and they would definitely want to get their hands in a pie like that.

And spend 3 exp on locking in the Harenhal that I've had as anti-counterfeit stuff as an Ally.
>>
No. 931660 ID: 54735b

Stats for Heranhal (Still named just Heranhal)

Motivation: To forge great works of demonic craft.

Strength 4, Dexterity 3, Stamina 6;
Charisma 3, Manipulation 1, Appearance 1;
Perception 3, Intelligence 3, Wits 4

Compassion 2, Conviction 3, Temperance 1, Valor 4

Athletics 2
Awareness 1
Craft (Air) 3 (Secret Crafts +3)
Craft (Fire) 4 (Secret Crafts +3)
Craft (Lightning) 3
Craft (Water) 2
Craft (Vitriol) 3
Dodge 3
Investigation 3
Lore 3
Martial Arts 3
Medicine 3
Melee 3
Occult 3 (Art of Alchemy +1, Art of Enchantment +2)
Performance 1 (Forge Chanteys +2)
Presence 1 (Seduction +2)
Resistance 4 (Heat and Flames +3)
Socialize 1 (Carousing +2)

Backgrounds: Backing 1
Contacts 2 (Neomah Lover, Ore Trader)
Artifact 1 (Hellforged Emerald Flame Artifact)+Sapience 1
Provides 2nd Investigation Excellency
Urge: Bring Shame upon those who produce inferior craftsmanship.

Charms:
Affinity (Element) Control—Fire; The heranhal may use only the Elemental Corruption and Elemental Resistance functions of this Charm
Malediction—The heranhal utters curses against those who offend him
Materialize—Costs 45 motes
Ox-Body Technique
Sheathing the Material Form—The demon’s hide turns to enchanted brass
Stoke the Flame—Inspires others with the heranhal’s own gluttonous or lascivious passions
First (Ability) Excellency—Craft, Dodge, Socialize
Second (Ability) Excellency—Resistance
Third (Ability) Excellency—Craft, Socialize
Join Battle: 5
Attacks:
Punch: Speed 5, Accuracy 7, Damage 4B, Parry DV 4, Rate 3

Kick: Speed 5, Accuracy 6, Damage 7B, Parry DV 2, Rate 2

Clinch: Speed 6, Accuracy 6, Damage 4B, Parry DV —, Rate 1, Tags P

Black Iron Hammer: Speed 5, Accuracy 7, Damage 12B/2, Parry DV 4, Rate 2

Soak: 6L/9B (Toughened hide, 3L/3B)

Health Levels: -0/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-2/-2/-2/-2/-2/-4/Incap

Dodge DV: 4 Willpower: 7

Essence: 2 Essence Pool: 55
>>
No. 931694 ID: afdebc

rolled 3, 3, 6, 1, 5, 8, 1, 6, 3, 4, 8, 5, 2, 6, 8, 2, 8, 3, 1, 7 = 90

>>931619
>Standing in front of one of Sesus Xanin's They Live signs, Fanged Flair Effulgence turns to Dell. "Not what I was expecting."
"No." A Realm army occupying a manse in hell wasn't what Dell had been expecting, either.

>"Please, let's head to my office to discuss this."
Dell trails behind Fanged Flair Effulgence, ready to defend him if necessary, but allowing him to take the lead on the negotiations (he's the lawyer, after all). As they pass through the manse, she pays attention to the condition and distribution of the soldiery passed, ears straining to hear gossip and commentary that quickly cuts off at the passage of their exalted commander and guests.

I assume attempting to size up a military force as your pass through a location they hold would be a war roll of some kind? Possibly paired with a perception + awareness roll to see what details I pick up.
>>
No. 931698 ID: 54735b

rolled 4, 5, 6, 7, 4, 2, 8, 6, 4 = 46

I figure, I don't have any social charms, but it would be a really bad idea to visit diplomants while in my Warform, so after the affair with regenerating my own ripped out tongue and before visiting with them, I'll have transformed back into my human true form.
>>
No. 931733 ID: 2007b6

>>931635
>7,200 hours of labor to gather up a dihram of food
That's with the boost from Food-Gathering Exercise. Ordinary mortal harvesting and foraging is less efficient.
>I'm unsure how directly food can be converted into labor when people are not abundant
For most purposes, it can't. Food production has steep diminishing returns after the point where nobody's starving.
>how much labor could that one repair charm which I forget the name of supply?
Crack-Mending Technique has the same speed multiplier and requires 5 dots in the relevant craft skill. It might be somewhat more useful for directly reconstructing partially demolished buildings to original spec with minimal new material (for example, restoring the sacred architecture of Ondar Shambal aka Whitewall), but if you're just trying to pour craftsmanship into rebooting an already semi-functional economy, it's not really necessary. Newly made clay pots could serve a rebuilt granary just as well as piecing together the old broken ones.

What might be more effective is using Harmonious Academic Methodology to raise the skill levels available among mortal extras. A hundred master carpenters can build more ordinary houses in less time than a solar with CNNT could alone, and having that highly skilled core population also provides a better foundation for cultural stability as the community grows.
>Would it allow us to circumvent spending Dirham on things like repairing the granary?
Dirham value is used here as an abstraction. Nobody in town is passing around 16-pound silver ingots, or even similar sized kegs of coins. In fact, there's almost no hard currency available. Instead, it represents the equivalent value of productive economic activity. Those four dirham in the notional treasury could represent things like wooden beams, iron nails, hardtack, cheese, tanned leather, bolts of cloth, tools properly cleaned and sharpened, waste cleared, domestic spirits propitiated, well-rested muscles and brains... anything with broad potential, stable enough to be held on to until next month, and not already committed to a specific project. Doing useful work, by definition, requires expending some available potential to do useful work. Artifice or sorcery might be able to dramatically accelerate construction, contributing several dirham worth of work to a project in the span of a few minutes, but a significant part of the cost of setting up any 'building' on that kingdom scale is things like recruiting and training trustworthy workers, or organizing various supporting services.
>Would those 4000 hours of skilled labor provide more benefit when used with Craft (Earth) or Craft (Wood) right now?
That's exactly the sort of question Bridget would need dots in Bureaucracy to answer.
>>
No. 931743 ID: d9acdc

>>931733
>That's with the boost from Food-Gathering Exercise. Ordinary mortal harvesting and foraging is less efficient.
I was perhaps unclear, but my:
>two groups of 25, working 6 hours shifts, could then produce two and a half dirham of food.
suggestion was meant to imply that Bridget would be leading them with Food-Gathering Exercise.

>With nothing to use that food for, and no way to store it, that would be virtually useless, except to offset moral and loyalty costs for raising taxes. Haven't gone over the rules myself so I'm unsure how directly food can be converted into labor when people are not abundant.

>For most purposes, it can't. Food production has steep diminishing returns after the point where nobody's starving.
There was some implication that workers could be taxed more highly, and food could help to offset the penalties from this. Looking at the taxation edicts and the holiday edicts tables, found here:
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/kingdom-building/edicts#TOC-Improvement-Edicts
That means with our three dirham surplus from food that can't be used for anything else, and isn't yet able to be stored, we could raises taxes to the "normal" level, (increasing our economy by two, and decreasing our loyalty by two) and offset the penalties by announcing six holidays per year, which increases our consumption by two, leaving us one surplus dirham of food, and a bonus to economy. This surplus food could even be put towards a token effort to convince the villagers that this isn't so bad, as per the promotion edict table, which would provide a bonus to stability, making any future checks easier.

As I understand it, were we playing pathfinder, when checking to see how much BP we have, we would make an economy check, DC22. (Base 20, plus one claimed tile, plus one district.) We would roll a d20, and add our economy score, plus relevant bonuses from whoever is guiding that act, to see if we beat the DC. If one of the exalted is guiding this action, Red and Gold perhaps for his dots in bureaucracy, then we'd probably get a significant boost. I remember it being said that one exalted dot is roughly worth +3 in pathfinder, but I don't remember if that would be +3 ability modifier or +3 ability score. That gives us a range of anywhere from +3 to +15 depending on what score is used and how much each dot is worth. Then, if you fail, you gain no BP (or dirham in this case) but if you pass you get your economy score divided by 3. The instructions aren't explicit, so if I've gotten anything wrong, corrections would be appreciated.

>A hundred master carpenters can build more ordinary houses in less time than a solar with CNNT could alone, and having that highly skilled core population also provides a better foundation for cultural stability as the community grows.
On the subject of housing, it seems to me that building more housing right now would increase unrest, making everything we do more difficult as we try to get things running again. The benefits provided, by comparison, are only that we gain access to certain buildings which provide boosts to economy, stability, and sometimes generate other things like crime unrest and magic items. When there are several buildings that boost economy and stability and such without needing houses, why build them first? mechanically, it seems like it would be a bad idea to provide shelter for everyone right now, even though logistically that seems like it should be one of the first priorities. Are there ramifications or downsides to having your entire population sleeping in burnt out husks and open fields? Bridget would want to make sure everyone is fed and housed, but there's no numbers provided for many people a given housing block can support, or what the penalties for having a large homeless population are/what the benefits of providing for everyone are.
Furthermore, is it possible to bypass the penalty for tenement housing by upgrading it straight to regular housing first? We have 4 BP, and can only build one building right now regardless due to our size, but since it says the first house you build a turn doesn't count towards that limit, we are capable of building a housing block right away, without leaving tenements around. If we can invest that 4 BP directly into good housing instead of crowding everyone into a temporary camp that seems more efficiently, and benefits us mechanically.

Any notes for how roles regarding kingdom checks are going to be handled? And, since all the labor is coming from Demons under Red and Gold's control, do I even need to worry about this stuff, or is it not my place to plan where our production could go since I don't have an reasonable IC excuse to take control of that system right now. Otter seems to be a tad busy with work and such, but I would be happy to provide summaries of what's possible for this/next month if they want to be in charge but don't want to do all the reading first.
>>
No. 931744 ID: d9acdc

rolled 2, 10, 5, 6, 10, 9, 5, 8, 7, 7, 6, 2, 8, 7, 8, 1, 3, 1, 7, 6, 7, 10, 1, 2, 9, 7, 2, 5, 2, 2 = 165

>>931181
Bridget has, in many ways, stumbled through the past two months, participating in a string of failure unbecoming for a chosen of the Unconquered Sun. She failed to fulfill her duty to her people at the castle in the sky, failed to alleviate the suffering of the tortured souls she pounded into fixings and tools, failed to save the villagers from the treachery her brother enacted upon them, failed to seal away his pawn of evil, failed to save her allies, those who helped her, from the lies and treachery of her new foes, failed to make peace with those who could ease the suffering of innocents, allowed those who would help her to become lost, and gave guidance to those who would inflict harm, all culminating in her most recent failure to care for her patients. Her force of will could not ease their suffering, and their torturous recovery would surely haunt them. At home, her flock would surely be lost without her, Karod no doubt submitting them to cruel slavery and terrible deeds. She needs to be faster, stronger, more eloquent, more skilled, just more. She needs to learn and understand. She needs to become a shepard worthy for the people counting on her.

These were Bridgets thoughts as she left the monks to cope with their newfound health, and leapt once more towards the manse, intent on rescuing the Disciple of Mela. Using personal motes, to avoid anima flare. She's learning that simply throwing your weight around won't always cut it.

>>931393
>>931483
>>931589
>>931646
>>931698
Fast forward to the present. Bridget arrives to greet the visitors, Dutiful Topaz somewhat obscured and overshadowed by her colorful company. The three eyed mountain troll, collared nudist, and her masked lover are all vested in each other, and the town, to varying degrees. Bridget speaks up first, as the others hang back. The might of the Unconquered Sun may not always be enough, but she would not hide who she was, castemark clearly visible in her third eye.

"We are representing these people as shepards and advisers. I teach and build"
A sweeping hand gestures to Morse and Rivers in turn.
"The musician wards evil. The warrior defends her love. What roles bring you here?"
>>
No. 931751 ID: 0640da

rolled 5, 6, 7, 9, 2, 9, 8, 2, 7, 5, 10, 7, 3, 2, 8, 6, 2, 9, 6, 2, 2, 4, 4, 7, 10, 8, 8, 6, 6, 4 = 174

"...you aren't going to embarrass me in front of these... interlopers with this nonsense about being in love, are you?" Morse adjusts a string as she plays her instrument, talking to Lute as they make their way to the diplomatic meet. "I promise not to kill them if you don't make a fool of me while we're figuring out what their intrusion is about. Unlike you, I am a polite and proper individual... when I so desire it. It just so happens I am a believer in peace, and I think a diplomatic meet is the best place for me to demonstrate that. So, I will be on my best behaviors, and so will everyone else. Or else." Morse leaves her request with a threat... she doesn't want this meeting to escalate into violence, it sounds like. While normally that would be a kind sentiment, coming from an Abyssal, it must have some ulterior motive to it.

Spending 16 XP to bring Socialize from 1 to 5! No more of that pesky having her identity seen through, and more diplomatic sway.
>>
No. 931752 ID: 54735b

'Well, that was rude' Rivers couldn't help to think, but not say since she wasn't interested in kicking up more of a fuss by trying to assert that Bridget isn't really the person to be taking the lead since she already had started.

But Morse's comment was a half step far enough to get her to react as she nudged her lover in the arm as she made threats and worse, denied their romance.

While, she also wasn't planning on taking the lead herself, since all she was really there to do was be intimidating and interesting. And to bring food, she was after all, up half the night preparing a small feast. It would have been less, but she kept having to toss it out and start again when she messed up, since she really wanted to make an impression. And now she was dragging carrying it in a scalding hot tray on top of the too big table from the bar that she had estimated was about the right size for 10 people just a few inches off the ground to keep it clean.

"I think it's a bit tedious to stretch these kinds of meetings out, so I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you're from the guild, and as such you're here on a business trip. After all, you came from the direction of that big town in the area, so you'd be looking for resources to keep everyone there safe and fed."

And with that, she placed down the table and unveiled the contents, containing a one course meal for 10 people mostly made out of local plant meats as palatable as she could make them with her wits, cooking skill, and a lot of seasoning.
>>
No. 931753 ID: 54735b

Int 1+Craft (Water) 2 for base 3 dice, spending a willpower to channel conviction for an extra 4 dice, and whatever stunt rating that is for as much as +3 dice to a maximum of 10.
>>
No. 931754 ID: 54735b

rolled 4, 1, 4, 3, 1, 4, 7, 4, 3, 4 = 35

I forgot I reloaded when I was typing that post, so I didn't keep the dice command
>>
No. 931755 ID: 0640da

rolled 9, 9, 10, 5, 6, 8, 9, 2, 8, 9, 5, 1, 4, 10, 8, 3, 1, 3, 3, 1, 2, 8, 10, 2, 1, 3, 5, 5, 10, 3 = 163

>>931752
"Yes. I'm just a musician that wards off demons." Morse deadpans. "You're safe from the silent winds with me... (River, stop nudging me, or so help me I will disembowel you in front of these nice people.)"

Morse doesn't touch her meal, although she does make a few quick adjustments to prevent her mate from putting the salad fork where the dinner fork is supposed to be on each of the place settings. Making a standard Socialize check with my improved dice, no specialties. She wants to make sure her mate doesn't do something egregious, and stands at the side of the table, playing a more traditional tune from her home town. She'll make a Performance check for that, too.
>>
No. 931756 ID: 54735b

Rivers was half tempted to check the bluff that Morse would manage to forcibly disembowel her. Both because she'd BEEN disemboweled before and could reasonably guess at how difficult it was while Morse physically wasn't agile, strong, or skilled enough to pull it off, and because she trusted in Morse's love enough even if the fact that she loved her needed to be drilled through her mask and into her skull.

But, that would be rude to do here, so she avoided goading her into trying, since she didn't want to make a bad impression by causing her lover to fly into a rage and impotently scratch at her abdomen.
>>
No. 931768 ID: afdebc

>>931751
>"...you aren't going to embarrass me in front of these... interlopers with this nonsense about being in love, are you?"
The disguised Sidereal gives a glibe shrug. "Doesn't seem likely that embarrassing you in front of people you don't care about would make you a better person, so I see pressing reason to do so."

Going to follow Morse's example, and spend 9XP to increase socialize from 1 to 4.

>It just so happens I am a believer in peace
"The peace of the grave, naturally."

>>931755
>She wants to make sure her mate doesn't do something egregiou
Like showing up to a diplomatic meeting naked, perhaps.

This suits Lute's purposes just fine, though. Between the mountain-troll solar, nudist, and mysterious masked musician, there's plenty to distract the other party and allow her to operate with less scrutiny.
>>
No. 931795 ID: 8d924c

>>931744
Red and Gold is later to arrive than the others, trailed by a pair of tomescu. He peers at the masked figure and what appears to be some sort of troll, but sees no reason to object to their presence. They don't seem to be demons, anyways.

"Hello, friends from afar. I am Seven Broken Wings of Red and Gold. I will be representing the interests of the Unquestionable and the Green Sun Princes. Might I ask who I have the pleasure to be meeting today?"
>>
No. 931839 ID: f57349

>>931795
"I'm Gerald Isslor, representing Aketon's military and the god of the walls, and these are Iridescent Bile representing the Avarice River's Undertow community, Carl Akbarson of the Guild, and, er..."
"Minister of Crocodile Tears," says the lizard-man, "though you may call me 'croc' if you wish to be less formal. Anyone claiming to have our city's best interests at heart need only touch their hand to the flame within my lantern, and that claim will thereafter be taken seriously."
>representing the interests of the Unquestionable
"Such as, say, Madelrada?" asks the Guildsman. "If you're able to end this bizarre blockade and reopen trade along the Avarice River, I'll find a way to make it worth your while."
>>
No. 931844 ID: 8d924c

>>931839
Red and Gold flashes teeth in a smile at the Guildsman's response.

"Indeed, such as Madelrada, though I'm uncertain what blockade you refer to. Perhaps you mean Hrotsvitha? But I'm afraid I can't remove one of the Unquestionable for you. Let's discuss the current circumstances, regardless. This portion of Creation has been rather unceremoniously dropped into the middle of Hrotsvitha, about a month past. I have found no evidence of remaining connections between here and whereever it once resided. There is no indication that whatever caused this is reversible. So, a claim has been made, in the name of Madelrada. As That Which Wears Down the Mountains has not seen fit to come here herself, as of yet, I have taken it upon myself to see to it that noone engages in any, well, poaching. Luminata are my largest concern, but thankfully I think they have been taking my statements seriously. The next concern is of course, food and water. The light of Ligier may not be precisely the same for the growth of plants here, and any cloud which drifts outside the borders is as good as lost to us. I have some thoughts for solving these issues, but I am only one man, after all, so I would like to hear your thoughts."

Red and Gold provides this horrifying knowledge and then simply pauses, smiling at the new arrivals, waiting for input.
>>

rolled 9, 5, 9, 7, 10, 8, 9, 10, 4, 8, 8, 9, 2, 10, 8, 4, 3, 1, 6, 9, 7, 1, 9, 8, 10, 4, 6, 10, 2, 4 = 200

>>931839
>"Minister of Crocodile Tears," says the lizard-man, "though you may call me 'croc' if you wish to be less formal. Anyone claiming to have our city's best interests at heart need only touch their hand to the flame within my lantern, and that claim will thereafter be taken seriously."
From her position besides the overlarge arm of Bridget, rather than Marching Against the Flame, Dutiful Topaz appraises it from the opposite side of banquet table (a sampling of which she had already tasted, so the envoys might be reassured it was neither drugged nor poisoned).

Rolling Lore or Occult, in an attempt to determine what kind of magic this is. Is this an artifact or magical effect she recognizes, or one she can divine the purpose of? (A truth-oracle of some manner would be a very different beast from a simple trial by fire, or holy flame for that matter). Not sure which dice pool I'm rolling here, but I'll add 4 Excellency dice for 4m personal.
>>
No. 931883 ID: 54735b

"What if we don't know enough about your city to really make a decision as to whether we have its best interests at heart. I mean, I don't want anything bad to happen to it, and so far as I know I have your best interest at heart, but I guess I don't really know what that entails."

As she was talking, Rivers reached out to touch the fire, curious on where she stood in the eyes of the flame.
>>
No. 931902 ID: 0640da

rolled 5, 2, 5, 4, 5, 3, 7, 1, 10, 2, 3, 6, 7, 3, 6, 5, 6, 7, 9, 2, 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 1, 7, 9, 4, 10 = 151

>>931839
Morse eyes Red and Gold with suspicion. She licks a finger, and presses it to her instrument before using Screaming in Silence to send Red and Gold a telepathic message. [Perhaps you should explain tho those of Creation what poaching means in this context. Understand we are not all as learned as you about the ways of Madelrada, and this is the first time I've heard of concerns about it. Right now, it seems to me like you're threatening the diplomatic party instead of trying to reach an agreement. Offer them something, anything besides information. You can't make demands without giving first, it's rude.] She turns her head to face River now, still playing her instrument. [Sit up straight and stop slouching. You might have fucked the food but I'm not going to let you make more mistakes. I'm here to support you, River, just ask questions when you need help.] Morse turns to Lute last, before checking with her. [You're not using any charms to investigate them, are you? The last thing I want to see is a fight starting because one of them realized you were trying to find loopholes around that lantern of theirs. Nothing obvious.]

Morse would like to have started this diplomatic meet 20 motes down, one dipped into peripheral, with communication through Screaming in Silence established with the four team members (all players have given permission) that she's working with. She's going to be working as the rules of Teamwork, providing an additional dice to actions like Socialize or Manipulate and helping the group communicate without making faux pas. She'll also be making regular Socialize checks to manage the group as a unit-- she could probably use Lute's help with this, too.
>>
No. 931908 ID: f57349

>>931883
What intimacies does Rivers have, particularly toward the city of Aketon, or in terms of philosophy or religion?
>>
No. 931920 ID: f57349

>>931869
More than enough successes to identify it as originating from one of the Paths of Draconic Enlightenment, specifically the capstone of the Blazing Fire Path, detailed in the Scroll of Fallen Races p. 137. Lantern itself is a 1-dot artifact that simply serves to keep the flame within from being extinguished by mundane means.
>>
No. 931938 ID: f57349

>>931844
"So, wait, are you saying the outside world is actually gone?" asks Carl, "Or does Sijan still exist, and I'm just gonna need to hand over a heap of jade or prisoners or joss sticks or whatever to send any heavy packages there?"

Alone among the four, Iridescent Bile appears neither confused nor frightened, but only smiles smugly, rolling her bulbous eyes. "The Lawgivers have returned, and we all have been Cast Out Beyond Regard. I will gladly lend my people's support to your cloud-herding project, kindly prince, if you in turn provide me with a drop of blood from whoever issued that condemnation."
>>
No. 931941 ID: 54735b

>>931908
In terms of Philosophy, an intimacy of love/respect for the Immaculate Tradition, since that's what she grew up with and has molded her current identity around, though from the sounds of Iridescent Bile calling the Solars Lawgivers that sounds like she's getting her burned even though she has the theory that Anathema are an important thing since clearly they reincarnate.

No particular intimacy towards Aketon, since as she pointed out she never really even heard of them.

An up to date list of Intimacies for the official record.

Immaculate Tradition (Love/Trust)
Nature/Wilderness (Love/Like a home)
Lookshy (Patriotic Pride)
Morse (Love) Secured by Solar Bond
Lute (Love)
Malice (Love)
Red and Gold (Ally/Old Friend)
Bridget (Ally)
My 'murderers' (Murderous intent)
The Realm (Hatred)
>>
No. 931943 ID: 54735b

Also
Mother Bog (Unfocused but mostly helpful patron)
>>

rolled 5, 9, 8, 4, 4, 1, 1, 9, 6, 3, 2, 3, 5, 2, 9, 3, 1, 5, 3, 10 = 93

>>931902
>>931920
>You're not using any charms to investigate them, are you?
Lute appraises her allies of her insight via Morse's telepathic charm. [The flame is the creation of a master of one of the Draconic Paths of Enlightenment. It will burn any creature of darkness, and anyone who does not love one of the same things its creator does. These flames can burn for centuries- the dragon who birthed it may not stand before us, or may be long dead].

>>931938
>"So, wait, are you saying the outside world is actually gone?" asks Carl, "Or does Sijan still exist, and I'm just gonna need to hand over a heap of jade or prisoners or joss sticks or whatever to send any heavy packages there?"
"As has been explained to me, we have been moved from one world to another. The world we knew still exists, it is just far away and difficult to reach. Your package would have to cross the alien terrain outside, and spend 5 days in the Endless Desert that connects the two, before it could travel to Sijan under familiar skies."

>Cast Out Beyond Regard. I will gladly lend my people's support to your cloud-herding project, kindly prince, if you in turn provide me with a drop of blood from whoever issued that condemnation.
OOC: she recognizes the solar charm that would normally be used to exile a chunk of creation. Problem is we can't give her what she wants, since a solar didn't do this, it was a fate glitch after the cult of syrinx prophet executioner got too successful with the omen weather.
>>
No. 931966 ID: 8d924c

>>931938
Red and Gold blinks as he receives the message from Morse, before responding to the Guildsman.

"Oh, no, Creation is still where it was. Only this piece is here in Malfeas, now. Still, Sijan will be hard to reach. I could make it there myself, but I am currently prioritizing keeping the people here alive and safe. That is, er, part of what I mean by poaching. The dirt, the water, the stone, everything here is valuable in Malfeas, and the people perhaps most valuable of all. Luckily, I do have influence here. Not enough, yet, but I do intend to see to it that no harm comes to the people here, as best as I am able. And indeed, the Lawgivers have returned. I wonder where you came across that information?"
>>
No. 931967 ID: 0640da

rolled 8, 2, 3, 1, 2, 9, 5, 1, 5, 1, 1, 4, 8, 2, 5, 5, 10, 5, 3, 4, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 5, 9, 5, 2, 3 = 134

>>931945
[Eugh. No wonder I feel disgusted by it. I'll share the findings with the rest...] Morse makes this information known to the other members of the party, adding that [The vile artifact you see before you is birthed of the misguided leanings of a dragon. It will burn any creature who touches it that carries an unholy aura about them or does not share an emotional bond with the attuned. Red and Gold, don't touch it... Lute says you're fine, dear. Don't worry. They won't try to hurt you if you toy with it.]

I... might have to roll Resonance for warning Red and Gold.
>>
No. 931976 ID: d61718

rolled 7, 6, 4, 8, 10, 5, 4, 7, 7, 9, 3, 7, 9, 5, 6, 6, 1, 9, 9, 4, 7, 2, 10, 1, 4, 7, 3, 6, 10, 5 = 181

>>931938
>I will gladly lend my people's support to your cloud-herding project, kindly prince, if you in turn provide me with a drop of blood from whoever issued that condemnation.

"You hunt my brother Karod. We share blood; if that suffices, I shall bleed. I fear he is outside this realm. I can leave, but cannot hunt alone. I must shepard the lost and secure their freedom. Help will be rewarded as I am able. If I can banish pockets of Wyld that greatly aids us."

Bridget genuinely believes her imaginary twin brother is responsible, and is happy to offer any aid to hunt him down. She would go after him herself, but the people here need her more right now, and she cannot abandon them. Wyld Shaping would let her reward people more generously and with greater options, and could also help support efforts to protect and rebuild, if she had access to any Wyld pockets.

>Anyone claiming to have our city's best interests at heart need only touch their hand to the flame within my lantern.

"I know nothing of Aketon, yet love all Creation. I am mandated to shepard the weak, expand creation, to treat its ailments. These people suffer greatly, as we all have. Any who travel here will be cared for. If you can provide for this flock I shall aid you."

Bridget watches Rivers reaction to the lamp carefully, to judge whether she need exercise caution herself. She is not as invincible as she once believed. She is unsure what is best, to bring survivors here, or to send them to Aketon, but whatever will provide for the most people she'll throw her weight behind.

>>931938
>I'm just gonna need to hand over a heap of jade or prisoners or joss sticks or whatever to send any heavy packages there?

Bridget had remained quiet after the introductions, wanting to support her allies and allow their more gentle touch to take the place of the sun's unbridled might. Their gentle touch is no longer appropriate. As the guild representive speaks, golden light erupts from Bridget. She clears the space between them with less than a step, forgetting her goal of overshadowing Diligent Topaz, caring only about the grave injustice that is flagrantly, callously, being thrown in her face. The offender has their clothing not so much gripped, as enveloped, by a hand nearly as large as their torso. The forge trolls unblinking golden eye blocking Ligers light as it burns the twilights crest in Carls retina. They are barely able to touch the ground when Bridgets voice begins to burble and snap, an icy lake threatening to swallow them whole.

"Rare that I hesitate to strike slavers down. Wherever the denizens of creation are imprisoned, they shall be free, no payment or exchange given. Head hung in remorse and slaver no longer, your needs are met as all others, no better or worse.
Further, trade that aid us can be conducted outside this realm, once I can safely return, or all are saved from this disaster."

Bridget is aiming for three ticks and making a social attack to intimidate the Guild member into freeing any slaves they have access to, and giving up the practice. She spends a peripheral mote to flare her anima to the highest level allowed.
>>
No. 931994 ID: afdebc

>>931967
>Eugh. No wonder I feel disgusted by it.
[Am I allowed to tease you about love where the diplomats are unable to hear it?~], a coy voice teases, with a playfulness not reflected in the face presented to the table at large.

>>931976
>She clears the space between them with less than a step, forgetting her goal of overshadowing Diligent Topaz, caring only about the grave injustice that is flagrantly, callously, being thrown in her face
The lawgiver's servant pales, a nervous expression flitting across her features, at the sight of her master's righteous ire being stoked, and her hands twitch an aborted gesture to hold the giant back.

Since Lute's playing Bridget's advisor, adding an extra die to her pool for cooperation with her intimidation-based social attack. All acting and body language, no dialog.
>>
No. 932057 ID: f57349

>>931966
>I am currently prioritizing keeping the people here alive and safe. That is, er, part of what I mean by poaching.
"So you're saying we're as dear to your heart as the deer in your game preserve."
>>
No. 932083 ID: 0640da

rolled 8, 6, 6, 2, 7, 8, 6, 10, 6, 8, 4, 4, 4, 9, 8, 2, 1, 6, 4, 9, 10, 9, 1, 1, 5, 7, 6, 2, 9, 5, 6, 1, 8, 10, 7, 4, 2, 8, 9, 1, 2, 2, 9, 4, 6, 8, 8, 9, 6, 1 = 284

Bridget, Morse, Red and Gold and Lute, roll Join Debate for me. If you have any social units with you or in the building, roll Join Debate for them as well.

@Rivers, you rolled 4,6,6,8 for a total of 1 successes

Join Debate order of dice: Gerald Isslor, Iridescent Bile, Carl Akbarson, Minister of Crocodile Tears, Assorted Mortals. I'll tell you the turn order once all players have rolled. If we end up doing this in the combat thread on the discord, I'll also post regular summaries for XP, but we'll know more later. Hopefully this isn't too awkward.
>>
No. 932105 ID: 304f7c

Creeping Hunter of Mortal Men
Full Moon Barbarian Warrior King

Motivation: Protect the Herd

Strength 5 Dexterity 3 Stamina 4
Charisma 5 Manipulation 1 Appearance 1
Perception 4 Intelligence 3 Wits 2
Essence 2, Willpower 6

Compassion 1, Conviction 3, Temperance 2, Valor 3
Flaw: Curse of the Raging Bull

Abilities / Skills:
Athletics 3
Awareness 1
Dodge 1
Integrity 1
Martial Arts 1
Melee 4
Resistance 1
*War 5
Craft Earth 2
Presence 2
Socialize 2
*Survival 5
Occult 2

Charms:[GOLDEN TIGER STANCE][ESSENCE OVERWHELMING STR][ESSENCE RESURGENT DEX][WARY SWALLOW METHOD][IMPRESSIONS OF STRENGTH][RELENTLESS LUNAR FURY]

Mutations: Enhanced Sight and Smell, Fur, Large, Tail, Ugly

Backgrounds:
Artifact #1 DEATH AT THE ROOT
Artifact #2 Victorious General's Galea
Artifact #3 Moon-Faced Plat Mail
Followers 3 Cult
Resource 3

Intimacies:
Master of combat with an axe
Leading a army
Hot headed
Prone to grudges


BP Spent: 15 Free with Chargen
-9 Artifacts
-6 Abilities
>>
No. 932106 ID: f57349

>>932105
With the errata, you get 18 BP to start with, and raising WP to 6 costs one of those. Mutations also cost BP, or provide extra BP back in the case of negative mutations, and if you're taking Ugly with all your social attribute dots in Charisma that would actually mean Appearance 0.

Should list the actual dot ratings for Backgrounds, and provide more detail, particularly for Followers and Resources. Is your Moon-Faced Mail regular articulated plate, or superheavy?

Goats don't usually have tails long and heavy enough to directly aid in balance. How about basing the racial template on gazelle beastfolk from Compass: Wyld p. 160? One point each for enhanced smell, enhanced hearing, and fur, two points for fast movement (meaning +4 yards per tick, +4 strength for jumping, two dice to checks for competitive running, and overland travel as fast as a horse) and two points for horns.

For ease of readability, don't put charm names in all caps, and split them up into separate headings by attribute.

What's your spirit shape? What does your iconic anima look like? If you're taking Deadly Beastman Transformation as one of your starting knacks, what are the additional mutations you gain while in that form? Could say, since you were a beastman pre-exaltation, some of your racial-template mutations got shuffled over into DBT, meaning you've got a goat spirit shape and a non-beastman form (maybe with just Horns and Ugly) you could use for blending in to human settlements. Victorious General's Galea could be designed to subtly make your horns look like they're decorative extensions of the armor, rather than growing out from your actual scalp.
>>
No. 932137 ID: 0640da

>>931976
The room is silent for a moment, before Carl speaks up in his defense. "Listen, you Solar Troll. It was a slip of the tongue. I was merely referring to the forms of currency your... companions of choice use. Am I not mistaken? You will find no slaves among my cargo, I can assure you of that." Carl looks around for approval, and gains only icy stares as his parry fails. The question still lingers in the air as to his guilt in the matter.

Before anyone else can speak, Minister of Crocodile Tears speaks up, his teeth gnashing and turning into a crooked smile. "More importantly, my dear Solar, is that we are on the same side if you truly love Creation... but we have seen claims from many who thought themselves saints before. Paragons of virtue. You blame your brother, but how are we to be sure you are not yourself to blame for this tragedy? Rather than blather, perhaps you wish to put your jade where your mouth is and prove to us you tell no lies. My flame can discern your truth-- you only need touch its fire."

He's made a Manipulation attack of 1 success against Bridget, trying to trip her up. You are welcome to respond to the attack however you like, but it is also Dutiful Topaz' move.
>>
No. 932148 ID: f57349

>>931883
There's a brief tickle of unpleasant nostalgia, the mnemonic equivalent of being patted down for concealed weapons and incidentally groped, as somebody else's conscience runs through all her depredations as an Anathema and any dubious deals she's made. Apart from a mild smell of burnt hair, Hundred Flowing Sweet Rivers' hand is entirely uninjured, which visibly comes as a surprise to the lizardman holding the lantern.
>>
No. 932172 ID: 304f7c

>>932106
I tried to explain things better this time!
Creeping Hunter of Mortal Men
Full Moon Barbarian Warrior King
A small beastman with goat’s eyes. His spirit shape is a goat. His warform is a towering twelve foot beastman with the head of a goat, twisted ram’s horns and hooves.
Tell: Silver goat’s eyes
Motivation: Protect the Herd
Anima: Ram

Strength 5 Dexterity 3 Stamina 4
Charisma 5 Manipulation 1 Appearance 1
Perception 4 Intelligence 3 Wits 2
Essence 2, Willpower 6

Compassion 1, Conviction 3, Temperance 2, Valor 3
Flaw: Curse of the Raging Bull

Abilities / Skills:
Athletics 3
Awareness 1
Dodge 1
Integrity 1
Martial Arts 1
Melee 4
Resistance 1
*War 5
Craft Earth 2
Presence 2
Socialize 2
*Survival 5
Occult 2

Charms:Relentless Fury
STR Charms:Essence of Overwhelming Strength, Impression of Strength
DEX Charms:Essence of Resurgent Dexterity, Golden Tiger Stance, Wary Swallow Method
Knacks: Towering Beast Form, DEADLY BEASTMAN TRANSFORMATION

Mutations for DBT: Enhanced Sight and Smell, Large, Horns, Huge, Ugly
Mutation: Gazelle’s Pace

Backgrounds:
Artifact #1 DEATH AT THE ROOT 5 dot
Artifact #2 Victorious General's Galea 2 dot
Artifact #3 Moon-Faced Mail Superheavy 1 dot
Followers 3 A tribe of herd animal beastmen
Resource 3 Tools, Weapons and Armor

Intimacies:
Master of combat with an axe
Leading a army

BP Spent: 18 Free with Chargen
-9 Artifacts
-6 Abilities
-2 Mutation
-1 Willpower
>>
No. 932190 ID: f57349

>>932172
Looks like you're all set apart from four free specialties and tweaking mutation loadout. Can't take negative mutations as part of your Deadly Beastman package, nor size increases. If you want your battle form to be twelve feet tall instead of just nine, that's what Devastating Ogre Enhancement is for. Gazelle's Pace explicitly can't be concealed, so if you want a human form for blending in around folks who don't like beastmen and mutants it's a bad one to pick for always-on.

How about dropping Ugly (Appearance 1 already means you're not exactly conventionally attractive), taking Wolf's Pace and Enhanced Vision as permanent mutations, then making the DBT package Elemental Adaptation (Wood) [1], Enhanced Smell [1], Fur [1], upgrade Wolf's Pace to Gazelle's Pace [1], and Horns [2]? Wood adaptation provides a benefit to climbing (among other things), to support the image of mountain goat cliffside agility.

Resources represents some sort of ongoing income, not just equipment on hand. Whatever food supply or mineral resources you've secured in the caves, the economic productivity of the tribe's noncombatant women, children, and elders, that sort of thing. Working out the full details of that, the tribe's specific assets and culture, is what I meant by more information.

So, do you want to be just bursting up out of the ground right in the middle of the diplomatic meeting, or exploring some caves solo first to get a feel for the system?
>>
No. 932191 ID: f57349

>>932172
Oh, almost forgot - you need to specify a Favored Attribute, apart form physical attributes which are already in-caste.

Incidentally, how about having the helmet as a tattoo artifact? Main advantage is it can't be stolen, disadvantage is can't be voluntarily removed in order to benefit someone else, or free up those four committed motes.
>>
No. 932279 ID: 9646f1

Shortly after the visitors had arrived, violence threatened to sour a potential alliance. Seemingly just as quickly, the conflict was diffused.

>>932137
As Bridget held aloft the suspected slaver, his hollow words garnered no support from the other diplomats. Minister of Crocodile Tears, surprised by the lanterns decision to spare Hundred Flowing Sweet Rivers, turned instead on Bridget. Wanting to capitalize on the Lunars success, and salvage the the meet, Dutiful Topaz interjected:

(copy pasted from discord chat)
"As the flames of Aketon have illuminated, through many of us are strange to each other, we can still share common values. We have all of us come together on this day to try and find a path forwards through recent crises and our change in circumstances. In this spirit, can we not set aside minor disagreements, and try to find the ways in which we can help one another?"

The delegation, mesmerized by the supernatural performance, were put at ease. Her words have... clearly impressed the audience before her. They regard her statement for a few moments, and then accept her apologies... even Iridescent Bile shakes her head. She was so caught up in the moment and frustrated by all the little things she nearly lost to herself. The mood has eased considerably and the tension drops a small amount.

Bridget takes this moment to shift subjects and start fresh, allowing the command that she test herself in the flame be forgotten in the wake of Dutiful Topaz's reminder that they are here to help each other, not fight. Carl is gently released, ignored for now, not yet ready to publicly repent. Instead, she turns to Iridescent Bile.

"My companions are more diplomatic; I use deeds. What can I give to secure help for these people and aid against Karod?"

Mechanically, Bridget is using dodge MDV 7 against Minister of Crocodile Tears' attack, stunting off of the opportunity to start fresh provided by Lute.

Currently it is Tick 1. Turn order:

Tick 1:
Iridescent Bile
Carl Akbarson
Red and Gold

Tick 2:
Morse Song

Tick 3:
Gerald Isslor
Rivers

Tick 4:
Bridges the Moon and Sun
Minister of Crocodile Tears

Tick 6:
"Dutiful Topaz"

If anyone can confirm/correct the record of any mistakes, that wouldn't go amiss.
>>
No. 932286 ID: 8d924c

rolled 7, 7, 6, 8, 2, 7 = 37

>>932279
Red and Gold looks prepared to possibly step in as things get heated, but they are resolved amicably. He instead takes the opportunity to respond to an earlier jab, clearing his throat.

"Far dearer than deer, but I was only intending to illuminate how others of Malfeas would approach this matter. As far as they're concerned, the reason they will hold off from the borders is to avoid displeasing the Unquestionable. Which is good for all of us, so long as we can then keep her satisfied with what we've done here. And while I've been working to improve the local area, that simply won't be good enough. I am willing to make concessions to reach a good working relationship with your city, but some things will have to change. It is not built for shelter from the Silent Wind, or to cultivate foodstuffs grown on the light of Ligier. There is likely far too much said against the Yozi in whose bodies we now reside. I can grant gifts of prowess to those willing to help me resolve these problems. And with a chance to direct the actions of those willing, we could build something greater than any here have seen before. I have seen the great armories of Lookshy, and the treasures of the Realm. I could bring us all to heights even they would tremble at. I ask only your cooperation. Is that so much?"

Red and Gold flourishes the sleeves of his robes as he delivers his speech, looking plaintively at each of the diplomats and others.

(Making Charisma+Performance(3) attack, channeling Conviction for automatic 5 successes, +3 from anima effect, spending 3 motes for First Excellency, attempting to convince everyone to work together for survival and GLORY)
>>
No. 932318 ID: afdebc

For posterity, here's Lute's tick zero action, which would have come in-between >>932148 and >>932279

https://pastebin.com/44E9FWHB

Important part is that the Serenity anima power is active, and Lute's social attack had 10 total successes.

>>932286
12 successes without even counting the stunt! Performance hits everyone, that beats Lute's Dutiful Topaz's MDVs (6 parry, +3 Serenity, +3 relative appearance, -2 from attack), but she has no reason to spend wp resisting, since that's largely in line with her own augment.
>>
No. 932348 ID: 0640da

rolled 1, 5, 5, 6, 6, 2, 7, 10, 5, 9, 7, 1, 5, 5, 10 = 84

>>932190
"You say your blood can bind them... I would like that very much." Iridescent Bile temples her fingers together and smiles, while Crocodile Tears scowls silently. "In fact... as my condition for my participating in your alliance, how about we make things simple? You provide us with the way to bind and defeat the solar who did this, and we can consider lending our assistance for a time. But, only... no. We would have to make do with those of us who still have it in us to fight... so many lost in the transition to Malfeas. Elementals perished for no good reason... really, an alliance would be in our benefit, not your own."

Iridescent Bile spills a pitiful story that seems to put a damper on the mood... she's rolling Performance to tug at everyone's heartstrings. She's rolling Manipulation + Performance, plus two dice for a stunt-- 7 dice total, against everyone in the room. She's attempting to develop an intimacy of Pity with natural influence.

The whole party of diplomats would be moved... if they did not spend time focusing on the one who was talking. It was hard to listen to a demon talk about peace and the congregation of power, and more than one diplomat at the table spends 1 WP to resist the temptation to go with his plan without caveats. Only one person seems to think this is a promising move from Red and Gold... Carl Akbarsson, who just smiles.

"So... you want to give us lots of stuff for cooperating. Personally, I'd like to hear more about these... gifts you're offering. I assume they've got some kind of string attached? Something more... tangible than a promise. No, even something like... power? What kind of authority are you backing that promise on-- unless I am to understand you speak for the Yozi, and are making a deal in their stead?"

"Carl!" Gerald hisses, quietly, trying to interrupt but not be rude about it.

"Calm down, calm, Gerald-- I'm just asking questions. I want to know the nature of this gift. I wasn't going to accept it! Haha! Heavens, no. I've got too much riding on deals with the Realm and Lookshy to jump on the train of the first anathema I meet." Carl waves dismissively... but he's still rolling Investigation.

Carl, on the other hand, gets three dice from Charisma, three dice from Investigation and two from his stunt, so he's got a dice pool of 8-- the second half of the pool. He wants to know the nature of the gift, and is attacking Red and Gold-- you may respond.

Your performance attacks both hit everyone at the table with alarmingly high rolls, so when it's your turn around I'd like players to at least marginally respond to Lute and Red and Gold. You are all feeling an intense urge to cooperate with Red and Gold and your next scene should reflect or resist that... I don't think it's going to be a real problem, but I'm putting that out there.
>>
No. 932352 ID: 8d924c

>>932348
Red and Gold rolls his eyes at Carl's probing questions.

"I can be considered as much a representative of the Yozi as anyone besides the Yozi can. As for the nature of the gift, it is as the gifts of Cecelyne. Yes, there are strings attached. Strings of power. For the gift, I can ask something in return. Those who refuse suffer terribly as a result. Did you expect me to say otherwise? This is Malfeas. You will not find more favorable offers than those I am making. I doubt you could find such in Creation. As for my authority, I can indeed call on the authority of those who built Creation to sanctify oaths. It would be meaningless to lie to you about these things which are fairly common knowledge. Are there any other capabilities of mine you feel the need to ask about? I must point out, simply because a string exists does not mean I must pull it. If that were ever to become necessary, things must be truly dire."

(Red and Gold isn't defending against Carl's attack. He's telling the truth. Kinda just ignoring the Heketa's attack with Dodge MDV.)
>>
No. 932372 ID: 304f7c

rolled 5, 2, 5, 3, 4, 9, 8, 10, 7, 3, 2, 1, 10, 4, 8, 10, 9, 8, 1, 6, 4, 1, 5, 5, 5, 10, 2, 8, 6, 4 = 165

>>932352
A great wave of force resounds the area as part of the ground gives way and crashes down. A great amount of debris is knock into the air as the result of the sudden cave in. A horn sounds. Immediately the sound of many hooves pounding against dirt and stone can be heard. A large group of beastmen has interrupted the meeting. Wearing crude armor and wielding savage weapons. One stands out from them all standing 9 feet tall, a lunar exalted in war form. He takes a look around and snorts and stamps a hoof in place as if he was annoyed by something. He lowers his moonsilver great axe and the rest of his follows begin to fill in behind him. His eyes dart around the room trying to size up the strange collection of beings gathered but find no easy resting place. "Relax," he says looking still very much on edge. "There is no need to escalate things."

Rolling for Join War
>>
No. 932377 ID: f57349

>>932372
>rolled 5, 2, 5, 3, 4
Joined during tick 1, reaction count is four, and that's zero successes, so you're not going to be acting until tick 5.
> "Relax," he says looking still very much on edge. "There is no need to escalate things."
>Rolling for Join War
These statements seem to conflict. Are you talking, or fighting?
>>
No. 932379 ID: 5f3f48

>>932348
With a dice pool of 7, that's one success from Iridescent Bile. That's... probably not overcoming anyone's MDV unless they're subject to a penalty from their last action, and under a penalty for being less than her Appearance 4. It definitely doesn't beat any of the PCs, with Lute’s anima adding +3 to parry MDV.

>You provide us with the way to bind and defeat the solar who did this, and we can consider lending our assistance for a time.
"You offer limited cooperation towards our common survival, if we only we defeat one who moves mountains between worlds?"

Dutiful Topaz is using parry MDV 10 (6 + Anima 3 + Appearance Advantage 2) against IB's attack, pointing out her offer is essentially asking us to track down and beat the endboss before securing basic cooperation- not very reasonable. (Especially since she thinks an Essence 8 solar did this).
>>
No. 932388 ID: 54735b

"Well, it looks like it was a good thing I showed up to this little party. I got to meet a sweet little beauty like yourself," Rivers took a moment to give the Hekta a wink, "And it looks like there's something for me to guard people against.

"Now I'm going to talk to our intruder Anathema to Anathema. Maybe he'll listen to reason." With that, she turned into her own War Form activating the following gifts.

Claws of the Silver Moon,
Staunch the Scarlet Flow,
And Bruise Relief Method.

She's spending 10 motes from personal pool.

Current pool: 22/32 Personal, 45/48 Peripheral.

And with that, the 10 foot tall possum with claws that could rend steel started walking towards the army.
>>
No. 932389 ID: 54735b

rolled 9, 7, 3, 2, 8, 4, 3, 8, 5, 5 = 54

>>
No. 932396 ID: 304f7c

>>932377
I'm sorry first time and all that. I guess I'm talking since I'm not coming out of the gate swinging. So join debate? Also everyone you can't understand me so please ignore what I said. Just pretend I said things in a weird language.
>>
No. 932429 ID: 54735b

Even if Creep doesn't come out the gates swinging, he's still coming out in War Form, which is basically a statement that you're coming LOOKING for a fight. So Rivers is still going to transform in response to that message since she's sure as fuck not going to let a fight break out between the people she cares about and this new comer, but it turns out that politely excusing myself for a break is an action that I have to take on my tick.
>>
No. 932431 ID: a042b3

>>932286
>attempting to convince everyone to work together for survival and GLORY

Bridget lets the attack hit her successfully. She's already trying to work together with people for survival, so paying WP just to ignore the push for GLORY isn't worth it.

>>932348
>You say your blood can bind them

Bridget looks confused, and as she slowly churns of this idea in her head she misses most of the offer.

"No, I did not."

Bridget is using her dodge MDV of four+stunt (seven minus three for appearance MDV modifier) to ignore iridescent bile and the call for pity, too confused by falsehoods to focus on sob story. With one success, pretty sure that's a miss.

>>932372
That of course is soon overshadowed as the fearsome Goat Man and his army emerge from the foundations of a nearby ruined hut, spilling out into the field of debate.

>>932388
As Rivers declares her intention to sort this out, Bridget balks. This will not end well she thinks. Dutiful Topaz hears the oft-unused trickling tones the solar makes when whispering.

"I can carry two, maybe three of us from her. If Rivers takes flight perhaps she can flee, but the mortals would perish. What do we do?"
>>
No. 932462 ID: 0640da

rolled 6, 6, 8, 3, 4, 1, 9, 8, 6, 2, 10, 6, 3, 3, 3, 4, 7, 8, 3, 4, 5, 2, 1, 9, 2, 10, 4, 5, 9, 6, 10, 8, 1, 8, 1, 5, 2, 10, 5, 1 = 208

The music has long stopped, as the chatter has intensified. Morse has been holding her head, groaning... before lashing out at everyone here, unable to take it much longer.

"SILENCE!" She screams, and the dark whispers of the neverborn echo in her words. A strong strum of her shamisen brushes away the noise, and the lights begin to dim and flicker... flames turning shades of blue, and shadows creeping in from all sides. An eye of black opens up on the mask of the musician, darker than anything anyone at this table has personally seen... and the liquid it drips reminds those who have seen something close to it of the void. As she speaks, three languages layer atop one another, modulating in and out... they repeat, one after another, each delivering the same words in three tongues-- the language of the tribe, Rivertongue proper, and a dark, unknown language nobody at this table can quite identify-- perhaps the language of the dead? She's letting her Whispers run Linguistics, now.

"I prepared this meet, that we might acquire resources. That we might gather strength against our real enemies-- time, war, blight and famine. But it seems like every last one of you has forgotten why we are here. An accusation upon all of you-- a pox, a malady of the sins you have created and brought with you like terrible boulders that weigh upon all our backs!" She points her finger crooked at everyone at the table. "You bring a vile gift, crocodile. It wreaks of light, but not the kind you serve-- what sort of twisted designs have you on the creator who made it? And you... vile and treacherous, would sell your own soul if it meant to improve your meaningless wealth. As for you... a coward who does not fight her own battles, despite having personal strength. Your conviction is lacking, and your beauty hollow and wracked with the guilt of those you have not saved. And as for you..." She points at Gerald, for a few moments. "You're alright. As for the rest of you..."

Morse, it seems, is not done... but her fingers retract and return to her instrument, giving a strum. A ghostly figure emerges from behind her... phantasmal, but still capable of pointing fingers.

"Where in the Underworld do you think you're getting off, ruining my perfect meet with your twisted fuckery and games. Bridget. They are our guests, and you shall treat them as such! Do you beat the shit out of every person you disagree with? I still bear the scars of your burial in the earth!" Morse points at her neck, and lifts her chin high... blackened blood pulses through a vein, throbbing as she traces it down to her heart... a bizarre black pattern following her finger, watching it pulse... slowly, erratically. "My taint is on you. Are you aiming to blacken his soul, too?"

"And speaking of black souls... Red and Gold! Since when did you think a diplomatic meet with mortals of note was a place to pick up akuma and threaten chicks? Am I a joke to you? Did you not hear my words when you decided to go above my head?" She whisks her pick across the strings, strumming up new images. Bowing worshipers, surrounding Red and Gold... before Morse plucks a string. Each phantasmal worshiper sits up, but when their head rises it falls off... like they had no neck, rolling to the side. "When heads rise above their position, they fall... keep that in mind as I protect your flock."

She turns to Dutiful Topaz, now, and grows quiet... all present can hear her playing an instrument, but she doesn't speak. She doesn't speak aloud, that is... "You hide behind a mask. I know, because I too wear a mask... I think I'm starting to understand why. Do you have a personality of your own? A spine? Do you even know who you are, anymore? Child of Venus. You know why I call you thus. Because I sometimes doubt Lute is your real name, either." She conjures a thin and wretched mask, and the ghost holds it out to nobody in particular... despite her reservations, Morse is not yet willing to blow Lute's cover. "When will you accept a mask is just a mask? When will you find your identity? Or are you going to be trapped underneath that damn mask forever, too..." She finishes her verse, and rubs her mask... seems she's got her own problems.

"...for those of you that are left. My lovely mate, River, who burned our dinner. The ugly bastard who brought an axe. You two will stay, and your tribe will sit still. You will both lay down your weapons, and stop snarling at each other, or so help me I will reduce your tribe to ashes, make your horses bleed out all of their orifices and put a collar on your damn necks. Am I understood? Don't move a damn muscle, unless it's to get more food for our guests or organize additional seats." She closes her eyes.

"You all have your orders. Your burdensome sins. Your stupid, pathetic ideals. They mean dust to Oblivion. You will all die, eventually. I have no cares whether it is today or tomorrow, whether I bring the blade upon your necks or you bring it upon yourself. I am not your mother, or your father. I am not your king. Whether or not your life is pleasant is entirely up to you, but whether or not you get to leave before I'm satisfied is entirely up to me." She flashes her fangs... and finishes her spell. MORBID FASCINATION STYLE has now washed over all of them, in turn-- anyone who doesn't pass the MDV check must pay 4 (or more) WP or find themselves unable to flee. "I will not be satisfied leaving all of you be until all of you have found some joy in this meeting. Negative feelings will not linger beyond this room, as if a veil of forgetfulness washed through the entrance. If you do not come to a happy conclusion, I can always start picking off the ones who don't... smile."

Channeling Conviction for 1 WP for 2 extra dice. I thought it might be Compassion for 5 dice and waffled on it for a bit, but if she does use Compassion I'll need a resonance roll for that. Performance 5 + Manipulation 3 is the next up on the list, 2 dice for wearing her mask and making a performance roll, plus 3 dice for utilizing my musical instrument specialty... and 2, maybe 3 for the stunt? I'll ask for confirmation in discord. In addition to her 17-20 dice, she gets 3 automatic successes from Lute's anima power, and everyone's DV is appropriately reduced for the difference between their appearance and appearance 5. Since she's using Performance, she'll act again on Tick 8.

Also, Creep, if you're wondering how she's doing the light show, built in charm called Haunting Apparition Trick. None of these are real-- all of these are illusory and if touched, you'd push them apart like mist or just pass through.
>>
No. 932466 ID: f57349

>>932462
>MORBID FASCINATION STYLE has now washed over all of them, in turn-- anyone who doesn't pass the MDV check must pay 4 (or more) WP or find themselves unable to flee.

That's not how Morbid Fascination Style works. It only costs 1 wp per action to resist, to a maximum of four for the entire scene, and the compulsion is to stay in the Exalt's company and respectfully observe the performance. Anyone who wants to depart, talk back (unless they can spin it as a 'respectful observation'), start a fight, etc. before Morse is done with her rant would have to resist. Exalts also gain a point of Limit the first time in a given scene they resist UMI by spending WP.

It's speed 4, and can't be effectively flurried, so Morse will be acting again on tick 6. I checked, and the mask only provides a bonus to rolls for acting, not every use of the Performance skill.
> plus 3 dice for utilizing my musical instrument specialty
Your shamisen specialty is only +1.

Channeling a 2-dot virtue tends to be a bad deal compared to just spending the WP to add a bonus success directly. How about counting that roll as Charisma 4 + Performance 5 + Excellency 9? I'm seeing seven successes in those first eighteen dice, one more from WP, three from Lute's anima (assuming she's still counting you as an ally, which might be debatable), for a total of eleven. Probably enough to overcome even low-end supernatural mental defenses, but if Carl Akbarson has a Ward Of Determination active he might be able to shrug it off.
>>
No. 932472 ID: 3732a8

Red and Golds attack: She isn’t going to resist. She was already interested in working together.

Iridescent Biles attack: She knew that it was poor form, but she found herself stifling a laugh as she watched what more closely resembled a play than anything else, but she definitely didn’t feel pity for the man.

Morse’s social attack: “Well, threaten me with a good time why don’t you? But, I can’t do that. He gets too close and keeping you alive becomes a whole hell of a lot harder.” She wasn’t really making an argument as she took a moment to politely excuse herself, and walked across the pockmarked field and stood as close to halfway between Morse and the standing army.

Willpower 10+Wits 4+Integrity 0/2 is base 7. Because she is taking this course of action for her Solar Mate and considers what Morse is doing to be wildly self destructive, Solar Bond applies for +5 MDV for a resting of 12.

I also would like to formally change my motivation to ‘Become accepted by Morse’s masters’ since I just need to rip that bandaid off and with 20 exp in the bank seems like a good time for it.
>>
No. 932474 ID: 8d924c

>>932462
Red and Gold is distracted once more by the performance delivered by Morse Song, but does feel the need to provide one comment.

"I was making no threats, nor attempting to recruit akuma, honoured guest. The gifts I offer are significant, even for those of us with power. Moreso for the powerless."

(Not resisting the attack. Not yet, at least. Assuming since it's ongoing influence I could start resisting if things start going differently?)
>>
No. 932516 ID: 0640da

rolled 2, 3, 9, 2, 10, 8 = 34

>>932466
I will go for the option where I spend 1 WP and get the 9 successes. Spending motes is... possible but I don't want to flare anima.

When the silence clears, and as the tensions between the parties rise and Gerald is of of the first to speak up. He scratches his chin, enraged and confused, before he slams his fist down on the table and shouts out. "I don't know what's going on, anymore!" It seems his confusion is overwhelming his anger in the end. "I'm not sure why you're praising me, or why I'm not allowed to leave. I know what you are-- what the realm of the dead wants with my city is important information I think we all ought to know!" He points at the new lunar, Creeping Hunter, along with River and Bridget. "Did you entrust these four with attacking me? Are you trying to bring this meet to all out war by killing us here and sending our heads back to Aketon? Because it looks to me as if you've gathered all of our enemies in one place and pointed them at my throat like a damned blade!"

Gerald is going to roll Investigation + Charisma to figure out Morse's motivations, but she sees no reason to resist his attacks, and is terribly blunt. While she leaves some ambiguity in her wording to protect her Deathlord's identity and final goal, she outlines what he needs to know and doesn't hold any other detail of her agenda back.

"The lunar is mine, but the solar and the demon act on their own. As for the uninvited guest who brought an army... I can say I'm just as surprised as you. I thought they were your soldiers, frankly, and you had ambushed us." She clears her throat. "Let it be said my only interests at this moment require an army capable of infiltrating and destroying the armies in one of the most well guarded prisons in Creation. To that end, I require worldly resources and... the production of new units. Suffice it to say, the Underworld is not capable of creating the kinds of forces I need. Only exalts and mortals will do, and if my the key my Deathlord entrusted me to seek requests that we build a city and salvage it from the hands of enterprising mortals, I shall do as they ask. The word of my Deathlord is law. Oh, and I'm also to secure yozi venom, a priceless artifact belonging to the Bishop and information about some cult or other. The Neverborn are vague on the details."

She gives a pause. "Oh, and I just like the scent of blood on your person. It's a pleasing smell. I'm a connoisseur of sorts, and my mate neglected to make me real meat... not that I would be so impolite as to eat in front of guests." She repeats her translation for the sake of clarity to all at the table.
>>
No. 932521 ID: afdebc

>>932462
>>932466
>>932516
>I will go for the option where I spend 1 WP and get the 9 successes.

Lute's got parry MDV 6, plus 3 from the Serenity anima, so Morbid Fascination Style fails to take hold.

Over her mental link, Morse Song feels a pool of bottomless reserve and certainty- for all the viciousness of her attack, she might as well have been yelling at a storm, or throwing stones into the sea. The sea remains unmoved.

[I know who I am, who I was meant to be, and who I chose to become. Can you remember who you were?]

Social Parry over the Screaming in Silence telepathic link.

>The Uninvited Guest
[Advise Red and Gold that perhaps we should upgrade his demon scout force with more subterranean forces. It won't do to be taken off guard from below, again.]

[He's tattooed, which I believe makes this our Sweet River's first contact with the Silver pact. ...we should see about securing her that advantage without allowing elder stewards a chance to get their claws in her, we've got enough of our own.]
>>
No. 932524 ID: 304f7c

>>932462
Creeping Hunter of Mortal Men watches Morse's finger intently as she point from one person to the next. Noting each of the names spoken. He brays out a command and the loose group of beastmen begin to condense into a formation behind him. Standing shoulder to shoulder and looking confused. "Creeping Hunter of Mortal Men had no intention of interrupting your meal. My apologies." He says calmly trying to force a smile.

>>932388
As Rivers approaches him his eyes leave Morse and lock onto her intensely, "Rivers,this is an auspicious meeting." He lowers his battle axe to the ground forcing the blade into the dirt. He begins to walk around drawing a large circle with his weapon. "We have much to discuss naked one, but first I see your challenge. I accept." Once he finishes his rotation he stops and throws his great axe backwards into the group of beastmen. Knocking a few of them over as they attempt to catch it. The moonsilver that tells his histories begins to glow brightly all over his body. "Our contest shall be one of strength. First one to toss the other out of the ring wins." He begins to undo his armor letting it clatter to the ground. He steps into the circle now fully naked covered only by his fur. Squatting low he adopts a stance and his body tightens in a show of raw power. "Once again my apologies nameless one, Creeping Hunter of Mortal Men wont disturb your meal after this."

I want to channel my Anima
>>
No. 932554 ID: f57349

>>932472
>Because she is taking this course of action for her Solar Mate and considers what Morse is doing to be wildly self destructive, Solar Bond applies for +5 MDV for a resting of 12.
Against social attacks from the mate themselves, Solar Bond almost always applies an MDV penalty, not a bonus. I can imagine exceptions, but that would have to be something like Morse ordering you to attack her, or abandon her to apparently certain doom, not "stick around and respectfully observe until my performance is complete."
>>
No. 932556 ID: f57349

>>932524
Looks like that's a three-action flurry: first action is thaumaturgy to sanctify the dueling ground, Wits + Occult + Art of Geomancy against difficulty 2, probably at least another +3 dice from using Death At The Root as a tool, which conveniently offsets the -3 multiple action penalty. Procedure called "tripping the steel" can be found in either Glories: Maidens or the thaumaturgy reference doc on the wiki. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N-8geUuklKlno_TGuFZezYnvvkWWOQCPev4rXa4cyRQ/edit#heading=h.bufddnzc500q

Second action would be a Charisma + Presence attack, challenging Rivers to participate in the duel, at a -4 dice penalty for multiple actions, and... I'll say just a -1 external penalty for language barrier, since "come at me, bro" is so easy to convey by tone and posture.

Third action, removing armor, requires only a number of long ticks equal to half the mobility penalty. Probably some of your followers help with the more inconveniently positioned straps.

You need to roll some dice to determine the outcome of those first two actions. Using apprentice-level thaumaturgy costs either 2m or 1wp, and if your DV wasn't high enough to shake off Morbid Fascination Style you'll also need to spend some WP and gain limit accordingly.

Full Moon anima power costs 5m to double your movement speed, jump distance, and steady-force strength - could be used to pick somebody up and throw them, but doesn't boost direct damage.

Hundred Flowing Sweet Rivers currently has the No Moon anima power, which, if she decides to use it (or spends 12+ peripheral essence), will apply a -3 external penalty to all your attacks against her, since you can't see in the dark.
>>
No. 932565 ID: 54735b

>>932554

Then I will take the Willpower Cost (assuming 4) and limit (bringing me up to 5 permanent limit and 1 normal limit) because I am committed to this course of action
>>
No. 932570 ID: f00c13

>>932565
It costs one WP, not four, and that lets you resist the effects of the charm for five minutes; if you wanted to continue resisting the effects after five minutes had passed, you would need to spend another point of WP, continuing on until you either decide to stop resisting, or have spent four WP, at which point the charm no longer effects you. I am uncertain if extra invocations of the charm reset the WP counter though, so it might be possible for Morse to start a new performance and use the charm again to make start burning WP all over again.

Since I'm having trouble deciding what to do with Bridget, but don't want to delay Austin, is it possible to take the guard other action while still in long ticks/listening respectfully, or would that require a join battle roll? I'm thinking Bridget might not resist right away if she can get in a position to protect the visitors and/or her allies without breaking any rules. Part of me doesn't want to do anything to gain limit since I was half-imagining Bridget had to roll for some after the treating the monks, and would maybe have more if anything else affected her during her undescribed activities last month.
>>
No. 932610 ID: afdebc

>>>932431
>"I can carry two, maybe three of us from her. If Rivers takes flight perhaps she can flee, but the mortals would perish. What do we do?"
Luckily, Dutiful Topaz's role readily allows quite conference and advising of the solar to which she is currently attending.

"Peace. The delegation arrived on horseback- if matters come to blows with the beastmen, their escape simply requires giving them sufficient time to mount and retreat in the same manner.

"Our own party is not wholly without our own tricks... but the situation may still yet be salvaged."

If we did need a speedy exit, Lute could duck into the chancel, Rivers could transform and hide or run, and Bridget could grab Red and Gold and Morse and the Mountain Crossing Leap. (Which leaves R&G Cloud Arsenals to act as rearguard or to withdraw on their own). Alternatively, in a fight, Morse is on AOE, the Cloud Arsenals are on offense against the beastmen.
>>
No. 932622 ID: d9acdc

rolled 1, 5, 6, 8, 6, 7, 2, 8, 1, 2, 10, 6, 7, 3, 2, 2, 10, 7, 3, 10, 3, 5, 2, 5, 9, 3, 5, 10, 6, 6 = 160

>>932610
Bridget inclines her head ever so slightly, the gesture somewhat exaggerated by the burning golden brand and her prodigious size; she will make arrangements.

Weaving in between parties, she arrives beside Red and Gold watching Morse as she goes. The whispering trickles of Bridget's rivertongue tell him that the solar can carry him to safety if needed. She then makes her way to the other side of what might get confused with some sort of feast or meal, if one was lacking proper taste or olfactory receptors. There she interposes herself between the army of beast men and the visitors.

"I shall buy time for you to escape if needed."

Curt, but clear, she makes sure the horses are readily available to mounted, and awaits the end of the performance, alert for a boiling over in the tense moments that follow the two lunars meeting.

OOC I'm not actually sure what Morse is actually doing for the rest of her ongoing performance- staying to watch a listen respectfully normally percludes talking and moving around and such, at least in shows/movies/concerts I've gone to. It's been repeatedly stated that talking isn't inherently disrespectful though, so it is my hope that Bridget can shift position without interrupting the performance or having to resist.

Mechanically Bridget cannot get either MDV up to nine right now, so she accepts the effects without spending any WP to resist. If there is an action to help her protect the visitors while still being following the rules of the charm, then Bridget does that too.
>>
No. 932627 ID: 304f7c

rolled 7, 1, 6, 7, 5, 8, 2, 8, 1, 1, 8, 5, 2, 7, 10, 8, 7, 3, 3, 6 = 105

Rolling for Creep
>>
No. 932838 ID: 0640da

rolled 6, 1, 2, 7, 2, 9, 8, 6, 9, 7, 5, 1, 10, 9, 8, 3, 7, 10, 1, 8, 5, 3, 3, 3, 3, 6, 4, 7, 7, 5 = 165

>>932622
Movement is included in the social combat rules, and is therefore considered 'respectful' for the occasion. Interrupting her or grabbing a guest is probably not. I'm counting your action as a Guard under the rules, which means for the next 3 ticks you can jump in the action at any time... which may be this tick, depending on how Bridget reacts.

The horses look between each other, muttering and sweating. They try to back up, but their rein holds them tightly-- so they stay still for now. The four riders seem grateful for the assistance offered, even if they're not sure she's strong enough to back it up, and they flash Bridget smiles. She's probably earned some brownie points.

"Let it be known that the Unconquered Sun does not fight for those who do not protect themselves actively... I pardon for the faux pas. It is not that I don't trust your delegation... only that I trust God more." With that said, he removes a dog-sized lizard from within his heavy cloak... and from the other side of his cloak, a curved and jagged dagger. His arms stretch out in both directions as he closes his eyes and breathes in... before his knife comes plunging through the innocent creature. He gently lays the bloody sacrifice on the table, using his dagger to dig out its beating heart... and offering it to the sky, he takes it to his mouth and takes a bite himself, still holding the half-eaten heart as he offers the other half to Bridget. He has performed a prayer, asking the Unconquered Sun for guidance and taking a bite of their shared sacrifice... it's a little grisly.

He's rolling Charisma (2) + Performance (0), but his core Motivation applies-- as does one of his specialties. He channels his Conviction of 3, adding an additional 3 dice to his pool. He's also acting in the interest of his agenda, so he's getting a 2-dot stunt out of this. This prayer is... by all accounts, a long shot. But if Bridget participates, they may well be able to summon the might of the Unconquered Sun. If she offers, the dice pool for this performance will increase to Charisma (5) + Performance (0+3), with an additional dice from his point in Charisma-- but will prevent her from guarding further.
>>
No. 932991 ID: 5f0ee2

>>932838
>Bridget being invited to join the prayer
>Bridget has 0 occult, 0 read motive

The meaning and intent of the priests actions sail over her head; she assumes he's doing something to defend himself, that much is obvious, but Bridget has no idea that he wants her to participate in prayer, and even if she did get the gist, she would have no idea what to do to fulfill that request.

Instead, she assumes it is her job to act as bodyguard while whatever ritual is going on gets completed.

Mechanically, Bridget does not abort, and does not aid in the prayer roll.
>>

rolled 3, 7, 5, 6, 2, 1, 10, 7, 5, 6, 1, 5, 8, 7, 6, 3, 6, 1, 6, 8, 7, 4, 1, 3, 4, 9, 4, 4, 3, 7 = 149

Tick 6:
Lute's DV refreshes, 2-die stunt award restocks 4m personal, bringing her back to a full tank (not counting commitments).

In the aftermath of the Draconian Dignitary's bold outpost, heretical prayer, and violent offering, Dutiful Topaz tugs nervously on the brim of her hat, sweeps her gaze across those assembled, and then drops her eyes, fall into a minute's muttering in Old Realm, seemingly making a prayer of her own. If anyone who can understand that language passes the wits + awareness roll to make out what she's saying will hear a verse about understanding and contentedness, an allusion to a purple flower, a maiden, and her shadow.

Mechanically, Lute is attempting to activate Blue Verevain Binding, stunting to apply it per magnitude instead of per individual, comboed with the First Kimbery Excellency. Committing 3m peripheral to BVB, and spending 6m personal on the Excellency.

Rolling: Linguistics 3 + Intelligence 6 + Stunt + Excellency 6

MDV -2, Speed 1, Lute will act next on tick 7.

>He gently lays the bloody sacrifice on the table
Rude. There are people trying to eat off that table, you know! Hmm. If the diner table has become a makeshift altar to the Traitor Daystar, Red and Gold might need to purify it before bringing it back to his inn, lest it combust around his Teodozjia.
>>
No. 933028 ID: afdebc

>>933027
Okay, BVB is difficulty 5 to activate, and there's at least 5 successes there.

Blue Verevain Binding is now in effect! Everyone present will understand each other, regardless of what language they speak in.

Additionally, anyone who wants can reflexively buy a dot of linguistics as a training effect, learning any language anyone else in the network knows. Available languages include:

Old Realm
Rivertongue
Skytongue
Pelagial (mermaid-speak)
Guild Cant (the secret language of the guild!)
High Holy Speak (the Dragon-King Language)
The Herd's Tribal Language
Rocktongue (the Jabeborn's Language)
High Realm

And plausibly others, I don't have the full statblock for the NPCs. Creeper and his Herd almost certainly should pick up Rivertongue (the setting's lingua franka) or Old Realm (the language of spirits, including demons) if they want to talk to anyone.

Also note this charm isn't obvious, so characters will have to reach their own explanations for how or why this happens (if they even notice).
>>
No. 933109 ID: f57349

>>933028
>Everyone present
Strictly speaking you're limited to linking up six people at once, but all the beastman extras in Creeping Hunter's herd only count as three. So... yourself, the herd, it's leader, and the guildsman?

I suppose you could link up to twelve people, or nine named characters plus the herd, by using Kimbery's excellency to boost that (Essence + Linguistics) static value.

Also, as for the excellency's applicability, how does all this translation either harm someone, or set someone up to suffer worse in the future?
>>
No. 933118 ID: 5f3f48

>>933109
In that case, I'll link The Herd, Creeper, Lute and Morse for 6m peripheral, which still allows me to keep my caste mark under my hat. Let's Austin learn Rivertongue and/or Old Realm for future communication, and leaves all those extras open to our best performance attacks.

To justify Excellency use, I think it would enable brokering deals, count as generosity, and possibly fertetting out secrets (in the case of making a tribal language available to outsiders).

That cuts down the available languages to:

Old Realm
Rivertongue
Skytongue
Pelagial (mermaid-speak)
The Herd's Tribal Language
High Realm

(Sorry if anyone wanted Guild Cant, we'll have to arrange something later if that's the case).
>>
No. 933595 ID: 0640da

rolled 9, 1, 10, 8, 8, 4, 2, 2, 10, 5, 2, 4, 7, 8, 5, 1, 4, 9, 8, 4, 4, 8, 8, 7, 9, 6, 6, 1, 10, 10 = 180

Morse merely tunes her instrument, preparing for her next song as she watches over the crowd. Her meltdown must have pulled a string, because it doesn't sound right to her anymore. I believe this would work as a 'Study' action? In any case, she does not act for 3 more ticks. She declines to learn their barbaric tongue.

Carl the Guildsman looks over the festivities with confusement and worry, but he doesn't let that get in the way of making a deal. He turns to Red and Gold, and tries to speak to them directly and... shut everything else he's seen out of his mind. "I have a duty to send out my shipment, regardless of whatever trouble has befallen my ship... and with the recent loss of one of my more competent caravan crews in the wilderness of... Malfeas, I think it would be in our mutual interests if you could aid me in getting my shipment... delivered." Carl removes a pen from his pocket, as well as an inkwell, and places them on the table. He proceeds to remove a scroll of paper... a standard employment contract. "I can allow for some modifications to reflect your talent... say, 10% of the net gross on the shipment. As a resident of this place, surely you of all people have the power to deliver this shipment for me? I'm providing a ship, a trained crew and additional benefits which may... accrue as you perform this duty in a timely fashion. A bonus if they're delivered in as timely a manner as possible, you understand. And I would not trouble you to pay for accommodations for yourselves and the beasts as you perform this duty... food and lodgings shall be included in the most gracious display of my wealth that you might yet be able to experience if you sign now. I would not stand for those representing my interests to go hungry..."

Carl is offering Red and Gold a contract with several stipulations-- there could in fact be wealth awaiting you, or great poverty. But his stipulations are clear enough-- he wants to get his ship delivered to some place called 'Sijan', where his business partner will handle the remainder of the transactions. There's only one problem: the river cuts off in hell. He's making an Investigation [3] + Manipulation [3] roll, but his motivation and agendas are shining through. He picks up an additional [2] dice from his stunt, and recovers some WP as he feels refreshed and revitalized doing what he loves. Since he's so revitalized... he will apply his Conviction for an extra [4] dice. That's [12] dice, and he's beaming with a friendly-looking smile.
>>
No. 933697 ID: 5f0ee2

>>933595
>Morse merely tunes her instrument, preparing for her next song

Does this count as an end to the performance, removing the need for everyone in the area to listen respectfully now that it's over? If I understand correctly, everyone who got hit would still be compelled to stay in the area, but they could no longer observe the parts of the charm forcing them to listen respectfully to her performance, since there would be no performance for them to listen to.
>>
No. 933703 ID: 8d924c

>>933595
Red and Gold shakes his head regretfully at the Guildsman as he explains his reasoning.

"While it would be possible for me to drop everything and see your cargo to its destination, I would have to go myself, as it is not so simple for demons to leave their prison. I don't believe that now is the time for me to do so, not until problems of supply and security are resolved here. While I'm sure you wish to make a profit, surely you also want to be secure in the knowledge that food and water will be available? That the wind does not strike you dead? That vitriol does not rain from overhead and destroy your homes? I have to address these things before I can head to Creation proper on errands. I hope your delivery is not of perishable goods, although if it is, I may be able to assist in other ways. Is Aketon well supplied with thaumaturges? I would hope to at least provide education on how to protect oneself from the deadliest perils of the Demon Realm."

(Assuming the performance is complete enough that I can respond this way. If not, let me know. Does this count as using parry DV? Not sure, but not actually hiding motives here from the investigation roll. Also taking Aim actions for now, when my tick arrives. And since it'll be relevant soon, my intended XP spend in the near future is Miracle Gift Mastery>Scoured Perfection of Form>Cecelyne Mythos Exultant>Cecelyne Inevitability Technique, since all of those translate into very direct effectiveness improvements.)
>>

rolled 4, 8, 8, 3, 10, 3, 4, 8, 8, 10, 3, 1, 5, 6, 9, 1, 7, 7, 8, 4, 4, 8, 1, 4, 7, 7, 3, 8, 8, 8 = 175

Tick 7, Stunt award restores 4m personal.

As the Minister of Crocodile Tears grows quiet following of his bloody offering to traitor sun, and Vitrol Falcon and Guildsman set to dickering, Dutiful Topaz steps away from the table, moving towards the boisterous crowd of beastman- their attention torn between anticipation of their chieftain's exhibition fight, and curiosity over strangers so unlike themselves.

Reaching inside her robes, she produces a glittering object from a hidden pocket, and holds it aloft, addressing the tribe as one.

"You are welcome, newcomers, to our summit on the strange circumstances in which we find ourselves. As a token of our goodwill and our respect, I offer your tribe this gift." (Spoken in Rivertongue, so not as to draw suspicion from the other NPCs, but this will be understood by the Herd, thanks to Blue Vervain Binding).

She then crouches down, placing her gift on the ground before her. A glass container, perhaps a small vase or an overlarge drinking cup, wide at the base and narrowing towards the top, decorated with a gentle pattern reminiscent of waves, all in remarkable symmetry. (To those with an eye for such things it bears the mark of superhuman craftsmanship, and will, perhaps, be attributed to the twilight caste Dutiful Topaz has appears attached to).

Making a performance based social attack, predominantly to convince listeners that fine glass knicknacks, such as Topaz's offering, are valuable. Manipulation 6 + Performance 6 + Stunt + First Kimbery Excellency 4 + Serenity Anima Autosuccesses 3. (Excellency justification: setting the herd up for future harm- if the Herd gets a taste for glass beads, Lute will have a hook in them to tug on later).

Spending 4m personal on the excellency, next action will be on tick 13 (which is irrelevant as the scene will end on tick 10 when Rivers and Creeper roll join battle).
>>

rolled 9, 1, 6, 10, 1, 4, 7, 2, 9, 2, 7, 6, 10, 5, 6, 7, 5, 4, 7, 10 = 118

A week before the diplomatic conference

Late one evening, Lute Silhouette seeks out her infernal compatriot for a favor.

"Red and Gold, would you mind summoning a couple of demons for me?" she wheedles. "I was planning to take one of the airships on a date with Rivers, and the hellship is more appropriate than the Haslanti, but two of the crew are missing."

"One Legbreaker, the Erymanthus the cargomaster and omen-engine engineer had the misfortune to become the Unwoven Coadjutor for our departed Slayer of insufficient survival instinct and is regrettably discorporealized. And a little spider tells me the agata navigator 'Cake-Eater' is currently lose and unbound in Creation."
>>
No. 934860 ID: 8d924c

>>934852
Red and Gold looks to the Chosen of the Maidens from the drink in his hand, some awful variety of Malfean wine which is causing him to grimace.

"An airship crew? Could well get the whole thing, most likely. Let me see if I can call you up an appropriate decanthrope."

Red and Gold dumps the remainder of what could only very generously be called a drink out, before stepping into a sufficiently open space to perform a summoning. He murmurs references to the laws of Cecelyne as silvery sand trickles into the vicinity through the floorboards of the inn as if it had always been there, just out of sight.

(Trying to summon an airship crew! Gotta be a decanthrope who can handle the job somewhere out there.)
>>
No. 934873 ID: f57349

rolled 2, 1, 1, 7, 4, 7, 10, 2, 2, 6, 4, 9, 7, 10, 6, 6, 10, 8, 7, 9, 10, 3, 8, 3, 1, 6, 3, 7, 7, 3 = 169

>>934860
Finding a decanthrope with two dots in Sail and similarly basic omen weather engine maintenance skills is automatically successful, but binding is not. How many motes are you spending to penalize the demon's dice pools?
>>
No. 934876 ID: 97b4e3
File 155971905868.jpg - (147.98KB , 750x563 , 1.jpg )
934876

"Okay there, It's blinking. Is it supposed to be blinking ? Well it's blinking"

A brief bit of mumbling can be heard through the humm of the recording; this is sharply disrupted by a grating or scraping noise before counds come into clarity.

"Ohh there I am. Yup, I think it's working now. Hello people of ... yes I know this is just a sample recording. Don't worry, we'll get it all fixed up for the next echo. .... Okay, where was I. Ohh, hello people of this wonderful new world. It's not quite a new world for you, but I assure you it's a whole new world for me and I absolutely can't wait to tell you how excited I am to get to explore this with you. I'm ... well, lets not worry about a name just yet, I learned about the idioms about shining stars and that will be fascinating to witness but I don't think we have anything like that back home. Anyway, this is my new home now and I hope you'll have me."

More mumbling can be heard elsewhere. "Hmm, just say whatever. Don't worry about us, we're just fine tuning the setup here. So what to say. I'd tell you all about the celebrant's saucy wardrobe but I don't think our preceptor would like state secrets being exposed like that." A bouncy chuckle ensues followed by more sounds, almost filtered out as the Champion's voice becomes more crystal clear.

"I'll just tell you all a little bit about myself then. The reason I mentioned stars is because I'm told that's the same name as the wondrous material that I'm made up of, called <Old Realm> Starmetal. Well lots of things too, but the keratinocytes in my dermal clays actually have a cellular lattice of the stuff, which is why sometimes you can see me sparkle. Here watch !"

The sounds become a little more distant. "I came here with an aerotary exploration contingent from my home nation of Kamak. The places here are so strange and different, but that's all part of the fun of exploration, right ? It's so warm you hardly need to bundle up at all, and all the twisting turns feel almost like the near reaches. We've made good friends with the Jadeborn tribe here and they tell us there are even vaster spaces and other peoples to explore antipodal to the gravitational orientation, which appears here as a constant. I bet that's something you weren't aware of either, where I'm from, gravitational forces are relative to technorganic orientations. But it'll be a lot easier to keep track of up here as we start to travel more, that will make navigation easier. I'm tasked as one of the science officers, although I never formally trained as a sodalite."

The sounds become a little louder and focused again. "Would you believe, I'll be nearly two cycles old come next, well, I suppose you don't really have icy seasons here, thank the Maker. I'm not sure what measure is used here yet but if your sleep cycles are like ours, about eight hundred or so. But can you believe it ? Let me tell you, this was quite the prestigious offering to come to your world, especially at my age. But that's my dream, I want to explore wonderful and fantastic new places, just like this, and bring back the knowledge one day to benefit my home Metropolis, and even the other nations, some things just have to be shared for the benefit of everyone; kinda like this fungus we found here, it's nutritious, it has a really ... I'm not really sure how to describe it, like a young kaff but not as bitter with just a little hint, and I mean real subtle, of raw aminoplasm but without the salty notes. You'd need to keep it warm and moist but it doesn't require any additional feeds. I'm sure it could be distilled or refined into something really amazing, our harvester is already working magic."

"REALLY ?! You mean the optics haven't been working this ... so all of my posing." There's something of an exasperated sigh and the silence in the backdrop is broken by a third party chortle. "Okay fine. I'll have you know, I'm adorable. These cheeks, this hair. I've worked hard on my hair and it absolutely sparkles. I like to play around with fashion too which I'd be happy to show off if it were working but I don't think .... Ohh, you're working on it now ? Okay, well, maybe the end of the feed I can show you some of my toys. I've been incorporating some of the jade styles to try to fit in, it's almost surprising how open they are with each other and perfect strangers. I'm a bit on the itty bitty side, but plenty flexible, which comes in handy when doing surgery let me tell you. Right now I'm wearing my hair pink but it does shift a bit with the lighting settings and my optics I have matching. I don't know if you have a button nose here or if I'm just sounding outright <unidentifiable proper adjective>, but I've got one, and it is too ... yup, on the nose. If this were showing what it was supposed to be showing you could see me taping my nose but the joke is kinda lost when you have to explain it."

"Ohh, I should probably say before I get too distracted, I'm here to make new friends, and allies, and learn. Maybe in time trade and become even better friends but you gotta start somewhere, am I right ? No <unidentifiable proper noun>, not even close. Ohh, you probably don't know <the same unidentifiable proper noun> anyway so no matter. We're nice and setup and I'm told any day now we might reach some of the watertable networks that exist not terribly far. Indications point out there are .. wait this recording is almost full. Ohh, we'll I'll tell you about my friends later then too, bye !" The last recorded sounds on the device are that of a kiss being blown and a single still image from when the visual capture was being tinkered with mid recording.
>>
No. 934878 ID: 8d924c

rolled 7, 1, 3, 5, 2, 1, 2, 8, 4, 9, 4, 1, 7 = 54

>>934873
15 additional motes, giving it a -3 and bringing out Red and Gold's caste mark clearly. This conveniently means it also probably won't attempt murder if it's a failure.
>>
No. 934880 ID: 97b4e3
File 155972508639.jpg - (71.00KB , 480x431 , b56580f9a07e77092f758a58d13de601b23e8ae5.jpg )
934880

Step 1

Concept - See
>>934876

Caste - Starmetal

Motivation - Explore new worlds, discover new truths, and bring them home in hopes of awakening Autocthon and bringing together the nations.

Starmetal Caste

Step 2

Attributes (Note: Pretty hard set to future growth for charms) - Caste - Favored - Other - Dex ●●●●● sta ●● per ●●● Man ●● app ●●●●● wit ●●● Int ●●●● cha ●●● str ●

Step 3 ●+

Abilities (Note, not set, prelimiary dots) Archery Integrity ●● Craft - Athletics ●● Bureaucracy Martial Arts ●● Performance ●● Investigation Awareness ●● Linguistics ●● Melee Presence ●● Lore ●● Dodge Ride Thrown Resistance ● Medicine ●●● Larceny ● Sail War Survival Occult ● Stealth ● Socialize ●● Craft: None

Specialties
- One in Medicine: Unknown
- Three Unknown

Step 4

Backgrounds
- 3 dots Class (standard)
- 3 dots Savant
- 7 Unset allocated toward Artifacts & Charms

Merits
- 4 dots Enchanting Features

Flaws[i]
- 10 through various undetermined to offset E3

Potentials:
- Dark Secret - Was entrusted method to return Autocthonia, must keep this state secret, even if we're temporarily abandoned here
- Obligation - To jadeborn
- Code of Honor - vs violence as a solution
- Ward could be fun too

[i]Charm Slots

- 4 Dedicated
- 4 General

Charms

- 1st Dex Augment
- EITHER 2nd Perception Augment or 6th, lowering Per by 1 and raising Manip by 1
- 5th Appearance Augment

- Thousandfold Courtesean Calculations
- Radiant Iconography Array
- Hierarchial Dogma Lock - IIF Dark Secret
- Optical Enhancement - Diagnostic Overlay and either Flash Shutters + Light Intensification Filters OR Thermal
- Synergy Promoting Upgrade
- Omnitool Implant
- Technomorphic Integration Engine

+ An number of others to buy with spare BP/Background

Virtues
- Compassion 3 + 1 or 2
- Conviction 3 + 0 or 1
- Temperance 2
- Valor 1

Step 5

Willpower - 8-10

Intimacies
TBD

Essence - 3

Health - Standard

Bonus Points

18 base (18 Remaining)
(10) flaws (28 Remaining)
10 E3 (18 Remaining)
4 Merits (14 Remaining)
3-5 Willpower (11 to 9 Remaining)
2 Virtues (9 to 7 Remaining)
Remainder: Likely to Artifact & Charm Backgrounds
>>
No. 934971 ID: f57349

Also a week ago, just after Creeping Hunter shattered some enchanted fortifications with his axe, one of the violet-eyed, baggy-skined underpeople stepped forward with a strangely flexible gold mask over it's mouth and ears. When it spoke, everyone could understand. "Truce! Parley! We wish to exchange words, and possibly other considerations, rather than continue fighting!"

"The pact we propose is thus:
First, we shall give you all the living slaves and prisoners which are in our possession at this time.
Second, you shall formally acknowledge the established borders of our territory, depart therefrom forthwith, and commit no further intrusions or aggressions thereon without our explicit permission.
Third, we shall likewise acknowledge and respect your corresponding territorial claims.
Fourth, there shall be another meeting at a time yet to be determined but no less than one month and no more than sixteen months from now, at which further negotiation shall take place. If that meeting ends without further consensus, the nonaggression pact shall be considered concluded and hostilities may resume without penalty.
Are these terms acceptable to you?"
>>
No. 934990 ID: 97b4e3
File 155982514006.png - (667.96KB , 700x980 , 2.png )
934990

>>934880

Okay, updated draft. All we're missing is a name, some descriptions, backstory details, and Intimacies, but all the crunchy bits are done.

------------------

Step 1

Concept - See
>>934876

Caste - Starmetal

Motivation - Find secrets that can unify our nations and heal the Great Maker.

Starmetal Caste

Step 2

Attributes - Caste - Favored - Other - Dex ●●●●● App ●●●●+ Per ●●● Man ●● Cha ●● Sta ●● Int ●●●● Wit ●●●● Str ●●

Step 3

Abilities Archery Integrity ● Craft - Athletics ● Bureaucracy Martial Arts ●●● Performance ● Investigation Awareness ● Linguistics ● Melee Presence ●●● Lore ●●● Dodge ● Ride Thrown Resistance ● Medicine ●●● Larceny Sail War Survival ● Occult ●●● Stealth ● Socialize ● Craft (anything): +++++

Languages
- Autochtonian, Naitive, Kamak dialect. Spoken Only
- Old Realm, Autochonian dialect.

Specialties
- Lore: Technological devices
- Medicine: Trauma
- Performance: Kamakian singing and chant
- Presence: Making fiends/allies
+ Unallocated (x3)

Step 4

Backgrounds
- 3 dots Class (standard)
- 3 dots Savant

Artifacts
- Precision Goggles
- Essence Capacitor
- Omniscient Literary Advisor
- Null-Essence Grenade
- Resplendent Satchel of Healing
- Starmetal Wings of the Raptor
- Five Metal Infinite Resplendence Amulet
- Starmetal Celestial Battle Armor - Essence Gauntlets, Essence Stride, Dematerialize

Flaws
- 6 Crippling physical damage from a cave-in, recovered in VATs and in -12xp deficit.
- 4 Delicious Demon Locust ( Creature of Darkness & Sparkle Eyes )

Charm Slots
- 4 Dedicated
- 4 General

Charms

First Dexterity Augmentation - Essence Optimized
Sixth Perception+Craft Augmentation - Essence Imprinted
Fourth Appearance Augmentation - Essence Integrated

Thousandfold Courtesan Calculations - App
Radiant Iconography Array - App

Accelerated Response System - Dex
Precalculted Evasion System - Dex

Hierarchical Dogma Lock - Int
Imprinted Data Cluster - Int
Thermionic Orthodoxy Array - Int

Optical Enhancement - Per + Flash Shutters, Light-Intensification Filters, Diagnostic Overlay
Anticipatory Simulation Processor - Perception

Omnitool Implant - Wit + Comprehensive Surgical Systems
Technomorphic Integration Engine - Wit

Personal Gravity Manipulation Apparatus - Str


Virtues
- Compassion 4
- Conviction 4
- Temperance 2
- Valor 1

Step 5

Willpower - 10

Intimacies
TBD

Essence - 3

Health - Standard Alchemical

Bonus Points

18 base (18 Remaining)
(10) flaws (28 Remaining)
10 E3 (18 Remaining)
5 Willpower (13 Remaining)
2 Virtues (11 Remaining)
1 Submodules (10 Remaining)
7 Charms
3 Artifact Background

NOTE Starting at -12xp deficit, see Flaws.
>>
No. 934991 ID: f57349

>>934878
>>934873
Four successes each on the first roll of the binding contest. Thirteen dice versus ten means the Fiend is still more likely to succeed, but if you're worried, you could reduce uncertainty by offering one or more oaths.
To further break down the demon’s resistance, the sorcerer may, during the binding process, offer the demon a chance to swear an oath of further restriction.Should the demon accept, this binding oath provides the sorcerer’s player with two automatic successes to one of her binding rolls. She may offer, and the demon may accept, more than one oath.
Typically, these oaths offer mutual benefit, specifying some freedom the sorcerer will allow the demon in exchange for some task the demon will perform above and beyond that which the spell mandates. Oaths need not be mutually beneficial, however—in swearing, the demon accepts the validity of the binding, which weakens its resistance even if the oath is purely for the sorcerer’s benefit. If the sorcerer wishes to trick the demon into accepting an oath with no benefit to itself, the demon’s player uses the rules for reading motivation (see Exalted, p. 131).
A demon that violates an oath made during the binding process dies. If it’s a demon of the First Circle, death is instant and permanent as the demon visibly rots away to nothing. A demon of the Second Circle evaporates into dust and vapor—its Third Circle demon will eventually recreate it. A Third Circle demon reincarnates into a new form instantly, its nature changed enough that the old oath becomes invalid.
A sorcerer who violates an oath suffers a dire fate. At some point in the future, all her bound demons will go free. This happens once for every oath she breaks. Rarely, a sorcerer evades a broken oath’s consequences by dying before facing this calamity (it can be years or even centuries before the demons are freed) or by dismissing all her demons and forswearing demonology thereafter, but no other method of escape exists.

>>
No. 934992 ID: f57349

>>934990
>Flaws
>- 6 Crippling physical damage from a cave-in, recovered in VATs
You got separated from the expedition group by a cave-in which, in hindsight, was probably deliberately triggered. Sticky-fingered, violet-eyed humanoids captured you, stole your Infinite Resplendence Amulet (everything else of value was stashed in the Technomorphic Integration Engine, but it doesn't work so well with magical materials other than starmetal), cut off your arms and legs, fed you some surprisingly tasty rainbow-colored candied crickets, and then sold you (among others) to a tribe of beastfolk in exchange for a nonaggression pact.

The beastfolk in question have just finished digging a hole straight upward, and are now eagerly attempting to sell you to someone else, in exchange for nothing more than a few useless bits of glass.

Your Infinite Resplendence Amulet isn't missing - you know exactly where it is. The leader of the violet-eyed... polar mutants? Whatever they are, their boss clearly wanted to keep it. You've gotten a good look at the layout of their crystalline fortress, and are within shouting distance of someone who's quite capable of breaching it's defenses - they all but surrendered just to buy a few months' delay.
>>
No. 935042 ID: 0fc931

Okay, I just remembered that we had proposed a rule back at the beginning of this whole social debacle that if you go more than 24 hours without posting either in the discord or here to confirm your intentions to post to keep this from getting too clogged up because of one person. So, I’m making a formal motion to just completely skip the next three people (Iridescent Bile for Tick 7, Gerald on Tick 8, and Morse on tick 9) who are up, because they are all Gilly’s characters and it has been 9 days for three characters since we’ve tried pinging every time the discussion of who was up came up.
>>
No. 935045 ID: f57349

>>935042
Motion granted, let's proceed with the assumption Morse is continuing to play her shamisen, while those two envoys are listening politely. Onward to the duel between the two Lunars. Will there be any explicit discussion of stakes, now that you have a realistic prospect of communicating in actual words?
>>
No. 935046 ID: 97b4e3
File 155990607924.jpg - (199.39KB , 512x632 , d55d411a8985f70d60007b9653208d847705c4f4.jpg )
935046

>>934990

And with this, we should have the final details to be character complete.

Name
Luminous Alacrity Recursing in the Reaches (Pet names: Lumie, Allie)

Intimacies
- Fondness for exploration
- Opposed to violence as an answer
- Delight at the small and fuzzy
- Belief in libreal cultural evolution as a positive
- Duty to Aerotary Expeditionary force
- Loyalty to Kamak
- Reverence for Autochton
- Familial closeness with Surgeon Mills (Demiurge)
- Trepidation Respect for Preceptor Nisei
- Friendship to Autocrat Hiro
- Competitive Friendship with Regulator Slee

Current Loadout
*First Dexterity Augmentation - Essence Optimized
*Sixth Perception+Craft Augmentation - Essence Imprinted
*Imprinted Data Cluster - Int
*Optical Enhancement - Per + Flash Shutters, Light-Intensification Filters, *Anticipatory Simulation Processor - Perception
*Omnitool Implant - Wit + Comprehensive Surgical Systems
*Technomorphic Integration Engine - Wit
*Personal Gravity Manipulation Apparatus - Str
>>
No. 935047 ID: f57349

Per discussion on Discord, no flash shutters yet in exchange for starting with the Comprehensive Surgical Systems submodule for only 1 BP. Name field should probably also be updated.

Otherwise ready for action, though the plausible scope of short-term actions is somewhat limited by status as a prisoner of Creeping Hunter's tribe, and by shortage of functional limbs.
>>
No. 935100 ID: 304f7c

>>934971
Creep speaks as he scratches his chin, "Yes, I don't see any need for further violence. You will hear from me in the coming months. I will send a messenger to arrange our next meeting."

>>934306
The herd of beastmen reflexively take a step back as Lute Silhouette places the glassware on the ground watching intensely. One of the beastmen steps forward, wearing iron plate and a helmet with a protruding blade. Looks to Creep and upon receiving a nod runs to the item to attempt to pick it up. "Pehraps this chance meeting can be fortuitous for all of us. We are not without civility." Creep then snaps his fingers twice and there is commotion in the wall of beastmen who look far more relaxed now. Bowls of food are brought forward, containing strange fruit and assorted mushrooms. These bowls are then placed on the ground halfway between the army and the gathered delegates. Instruments made out of horns and skin drums are soon presented and laid out on a fabric in front of the herd. The wall of beastmen parts to let a group of nine humanoids bound in iron chains fastened around their wrists blindfolded and gagged. They shakily follow the slave driver being lead along to their places behind the other goods. The commotion stops and the beastmen step back into their places. A less than impressive assortment of goods in front of them, most objects bare a very obvious red rams head. A voice calls out "Wait! Oh shit!" As a young beastman parts and falls out of the front rank into a very embarrassing face plant. She is carrying more goods on her back tied up with rope into a makeshift back pack. Gingerly she gets back up and places her backpack down next to the other slaves and uncovers the head of her pack to reveal it is another person! Without any limbs of their own they have been tied up with rope to make transport easier for the person who carries them but otherwise completely nude. They are blind folded and gagged like the rest of the slaves. Being held upright by the young beastman who is still nursing her face after their fall.

"We can bargain later," Creep says aloud. "First we must test our strength against yours."
>>
No. 935101 ID: 304f7c

rolled 4, 4, 5, 1, 3, 1, 3, 6, 4, 10, 10, 1, 4, 9, 3, 10, 10, 8, 1, 1, 5, 2, 5, 10, 10, 7, 7, 1, 1, 6 = 152

>>
No. 935103 ID: 54735b

"Alright, but when the time comes, I want that one." Rivers was standing ready, having even been helping build the circle ring where possible, and pointed to the limbless slave. She was beautiful enough that she definitely wanted her, and if she had to win this fight to get her, then all she had to do was win.

And so she stood, body tense and at the ready for the signal to begin to drop, the diplomatic meeting feeling like a smooth blur in the back of her mind as doubtless the crowds and all the many gathered went silent to watch a fight between lunars.

(Temperance 2 vs Sexual Addiction, Wits 4+Awareness 0+Willpower success + Stunt on Initiative
>>
No. 935104 ID: 54735b

rolled 7, 7, 8, 6, 7, 7, 7, 9, 8, 7, 2, 8, 6 = 89

>>
No. 935120 ID: f57349

>>935101
>>935104
Looks like Sweet Rivers got 6 successes on Join Battle while Creeping Hunter botched, so for the duel, Mother Bog's top oppossum is definitely acting on Tick 0, while the champion of the Red Horns is going to stand there flat-footed until Tick 6.

Given that a botch would normally mean Creep acting on tick 6 even if Rivers had rolled zero successes, and the possibility of cultural misunderstanding about exactly when the ceremony is over and the fight is meant to start (formal duels have profoundly different associated standards of etiquette, relative to bar brawls), I'm inclined to also count the first swing as a plain-sight unexpected attack.
>>
No. 935124 ID: 97b4e3

As the days seemed to grow longer in captivity and the injured and butchered girl grown increasingly despondent with the brutality of her captors, she began passing the time by coming up with her own little narrative of the events that followed. From the point of view of the underpeople, it'd be just more incoherent mumbling who's inflexions border on the cloyingly sweet to veiled and condescending, with the occasional shout for attention in the merest hopes that her people were out there, close enough, and might come across these savages. She seems to take a particular issue with the "doctor" that thought it a good idea to resort to amputation. Attempts at gagging proved overall unsuccessful, while her teeth don't seem to be that sharp, hiding a surgical scalpel seems to more or less get the job done.

By the time the tribe of beastfolk would have arrived, she'd be full in her own narrative, adding background noise to the comings and going and the events within. Delirious from lingering pain, boredom and a growing sense of malaise, she'd make commentary at the underfolk as they wander by doing just whatever it was that they were doing, more seemingly in a panic than usual. Her voice rings out a little wheezy from the naitive hospitality, but that doesn't stop her from making the best of her situation and providing a narrative, at least in her own mind.

In her naitive Autocthonian tongue, one that shares a stark number of similarities to Old Realm - in terms of verb structure, object descriptors and loaner words - she muses away at the events unfolding. "Ahh yes, here we see nup nup, scampering about and one can only wonder what the commotion is about. Her overall level of dishevelment is unusually peaked today, perhaps her attempts at courting the wunderling tribal communuine have once again failed her. Tomorrow, however, is another day. Ahh look, she engages with zeeboo, who appears to flailing about his implement as if there were no one around to injure, again. You would think one accidental contusion would be enough to bring about behavioral reprimand, but the big stick policy holds fast. Unsurprisingly we see lumpy plotzing around, looking more disoriented than ever."

Her voice grows somewhat more agitated when in sight of the butcherer who sought fit to amputate rather than mend perfectly healthy if ravaged tissue. "Lumpy, once again following a credo of obscene negligence stumbles around shouting incoherently, more worked up than usual. Perhaps his failings have caught up and he is to be bequeathed righteous reprobation from the thieving chief dingus. Life for the tunnel folk trapses at its usual erratic ... ohh, the handy one is coming this way. Whatever is the matter this time, come to ..."

At this point, with little more than disapproval stemming from the rolling of her eyes, she fidgets as she's once again mishandled and fussed about like some misbegotten invalid, bound and hoisted in some manner of rudsak.

>>935100

As she takes tumble, thanks to the mishandling of the enthusiastic but less than graceful beastman, she gives a disapproving grunt and somewhat of a groan as she's once again subject to further indignities. She hears new voices, however, ones of a different cadence than the usual grunting and with an inflexion that sounds like some different tribe or a unique envelope to their larynx, in either case, another opportunity to better the situation and considering the events of the last few days, betterment is not a high bar to set.

Gagged though she may be, the unclean cloth or leather binding is no match for a set of micro clamps, cutting tools and the ingenuity of a desperate, frustrated and keen minded champion with access to omnitools. No sooner than the pack is opened does she heave with her tongue and expel the precisely sliced remnants of the gag and attempt to shake loose the vision impairing blindfold with a vigorous waggle of her head. A deep breath is taken, sounding a might bit shaky on the inhale, before she proceeds to blurt out as loudly as she can muster in an oddly accented <Old Realm>: "Hello ?! Greetings, friend, help ?" She seems to speed through the important parts, prudence in this situation lending to an expeditious declaration of thought over one more likely to be half-construed if silenced. She then rolls right into another line, one tinged with a sense of desperation and frustration, one at least suitable for the situation she appears to be in. "Please tell me someone knows how to speak."

When revealed, a mass of sparkling, pink and purple hair, dirtied from misuse and lack of a suitable environment to be cleaned in is most prominent. Whomever the misshapley creatures managed to catch, they appear most unusual and distressed.
>>
No. 935131 ID: f57349

>>935124
If you're rolling Join Debate, and a social attack to beg somebody for rescue, gotta roll actual dice for that. Might also need to resist Morse's ongoing use of Morbid Fascination Style.
>>
No. 935143 ID: 97b4e3

>>935131

( Trying to prompt interaction with other players, not force social combat. And I can neither see Morose nor have they said anything since I entered the scene: Nothing to hear/see means nothing to interrupt. )
>>

rolled 10, 9, 9, 6, 6, 3, 4, 9, 4, 2, 4, 2, 9, 8, 4, 7, 10, 6, 6, 5 = 123

>>935100
>>935124
Trusting Rivers will be able to handle herself in her exhibition fight, "Dutiful Topaz" continues respectfully engaging some few members of the tribe who attention remains captured by fine craftmanship, even with with distracting spectacle of ritual combat ongoing.

That is, hears a small commotion and hears a cry for help. Turning, she was certainly not expecting a vibrantly colored starmetal body. (Well, partial body. Judging by the rough edges, the lack of limbs wasn't part of the original design. Assuming she's an automation and that's not a spectacular mutation). Stranger still was the unexpected sensation of fate bearing down- an odd feeling, reminiscent of that day she had first truly come into her own.

Making her excuses and offering reassurances, Lute passes through the beastmen, quickly persuading them to allow the stranger to approach their strange prize (Some moved by pride- the chance to show off what is theirs. Others by greed, and the chance at a trade. And a few, by the logic that perhaps this stranger with her fine crafts unlike their own, might offer new insight on the metal creature).

>"Hello ?! Greetings, friend, help ?"
>"Please tell me someone knows how to speak."
Kneeling besides her, Lumie encounters the first honest to goodness human she's seen since falling afoul of the cave denizens and the horned tribe. The hat the newcomer is wearing leaves her unable to tell if she has a soulgem (likely not, in this Maker-forsaken place). But praise everything, she speaks old realm (even if it is in some odd, unfamiliar Malfean accent).

With a kind smile: "Why, hello there. However did you end up in this situation?"


Rolling... lore or occult I would think. Lute's trying to figure out what the strange creature before her is, or at least, what she can tell about it. (12 dice before stunt, either way).
>>
No. 935161 ID: 8d924c

>>934991
As a potential oath, perhaps I can offer regular access to mortals during Calibration. In exchange, they would agree to obey the laws of the fiefdom.

I forgot to mention, but I intended this to be a task binding. To serve loyally as Lute Silhouette's airship crew.
>>
No. 935196 ID: d9acdc

>>935124
Bridget, not one to stand idly by while slavers do their dirty work, is of course completely oblivious to the maimed alchemical, as the twilight had thought it prudent to get into position between the beastmen and the diplomats, leaving a sea of bodies to block her sight and forestall her rage, inevitable as it to arrive when shown such atrocities.

>>934852
>>934971
Likewise, Bridget would have been very interested in all these going ons- getting the airships running? Fighting against slavery? These have been on her docket for some time now. Tragic, then, that at the time of occurrence Bridget finds herself confronting the ghost in the scorpion, searching the endless desert for her companion once lost.
>>
No. 935208 ID: 97b4e3
File 156005575245.jpg - (165.87KB , 600x500 , 5c3ae9cb7ddb17dd62de547f361d22bafa9d894c.jpg )
935208

>>935100
>>935157

Were it not so pathetic looking she might appear somewhat comical with the vigorous contortions and waggles she puts her head through to give slip to the binding headband. Defying complacency, she powers through and manages to make some headway before taking advantage of a small shift in position, abusing a crack in the obfuscation provided by the blindfold. Head tilted back, she peeks at the person standing ... scratch that, kneeling before her. She'll need to reorient to the diminished point of view.

<Old Realm> "Ohh, thank Noi, another honest to goodness unmutated person, I'd begun to think it was all degenerative <???>." She speaks a word that sounds somewhat unfamiliar, it has roots in the Old Realm word 'passage' and linguistically is structured as a collective noun. She takes a moment to pause to take an examining look along Rivers, meticulous despite its brevity. Her eyes shimmer and sparkle, pupil rapidly contracting at the exposure to light through the blinding and dialating once becoming slightly more acclimated. Brief flashes, tiny sigils sparkle along her cornea for just a heartbeat before they're gone and others might be seen, some private datum for her alone.

The rest of her looks almost as curious as the gleaming eye; while disheveled and sullied would be the obvious words to come to mind, beneath the lackadaisical attempt to allow her modesty or a semblance of presentability is something most curious. Her flesh is surprisingly smooth and occasionally glittering at the right angle. Though she's not quite human, so many of the same qualities are there, beneath the soft, peachy clay like skin is enough translucency to see hints of blood vessels in pink and purplish colors, the shifting of tendons and muscularature and meticulous simulacra to the human form that even jadeborn anatomy looks crude in comparison. At more of a glance, she's unquestionably female even if slight in size, proportions indicating that she might stand an average height were her severed limbs still present and of an appropriately human scale. The way she guards the stubs of her arms as she flails indicates an instinctual quality of pain to them as they look crudely severed. Flesh is torn and bandaged, the scabbing taking an iridescent quality more so than the dullish red of oxidized hemes that you'd expect. A bit of bone protrudes and it seems to be made of some sort of darkened alloy, pocketed and hollow like a typical bone might be but in this state, shows signs of plastic deformation rather than splintering.

She continues, <Old Realm> "These <??? That word again> ambushed me I suspect and utterly failed at any semblance of triage and have been holding me hostage for ... do you have weeks here ? Seven full sleep cycles ? They're in terrible danger too, my people will be looking for me and if they discover any blood trails and these savages, I think they may be likely to be slaughtered in the investigation."
With adroit mindfulness of her precarious semblance of balance, she attempts to crane her head back further to spy on the situation at hand, looking confused and awkwardly positioned at best, seemingly too alarmed and worked up to pay much mind to the beastman girl attempting to tend to her more recent wounds at the mishandling fall. There's equal measures confusion, concern and morbid curiosity at the state of affairs her limited point of view is able to spy while attempting to formulate a way out of this grand mess of things.

With a wary plea she attempts, in a more hushed tone, <Old Realm> "I don't suppose you have the capacity or authority in this situation to help ? I'm certain my people can more than compensate you for any help you can render ... I fear what they might do next beyond mere torture and starvation."
>>
No. 935215 ID: f57349

>>935196
With Bridget's stats, Second Survival Excellency is probably enough to follow the Disciple of Mela's trail there and back, though Trackless Region Navigation would be safer, especially if you're bringing along an undisciplined group.

The ghost, however, will shoot recognizable "anathema" on sight, with no quarter asked nor given. Even without anima flare, Bridget's permanent caste mark and overall monstrous appearance might see her misidentified as some vat-grown supersoldier and presumed hostile on that basis. An Immaculate monk can't exactly be counted on to restrain such impulses - short of sending the ghost on to Lethe, at the expense of all their specialized technical expertise.

Even if you can tank a hit, overuse of the tail gun without maintenance will eventually cause catastrophic failure, and you've got no real way to know how close it is to that point already.

Once all that's dealt with, the mecha-scorpion is still immobile without a 3-dot hearthstone or equivalent power supply and probably quite a bit of deferred maintenance, compounded by centuries of sand in the joints. Alternatively, you could bring some draft animals, or demonic equivalent - parambir have two heads, three eyes, and a tangle of horns, while brantomes are limbless fish-scaled slugs, but both are about the size of elephants, and used in similar ways - and simply drag the thing to a secure repair site.
>>
No. 935217 ID: f57349

>>935157
>Rolling... lore or occult I would think. Lute's trying to figure out what the strange creature before her is
Seven successes, so Efficient Secretary Technique would likely be completely redundant. A glance at the Shard Fallen doesn't reveal any incongruities, so almost certainly not an elaborate disguise or illusion. Exposed stumps of 'bone' protruding from the severed limbs are metallic. Clotting patterns, along with lack of infection despite unsanitary conditions, strongly suggest some sort of supernatural healing factor. Could almost be some sort of bio-construct, like a Minion of Deadly Touch, but far more sophisticated in certain details than anything you're aware of the High First Age ever having produced. Lot of fiddly bits that might be starmetal, but either there's no clear central function, or it's somehow incomplete - in deeper ways than the obvious missing limbs.

She's nothing you've seen or heard of before, but the design has Autocthon's fingerprints all over. Maybe an entirely new thing, comparable to Exaltation. Madelrada will definitely want to know about this - and the Shard Fallen will tell her, unless you pop that hearthstone out quick and scrub the recent logs before synchronization - but this being's Best Self is probably something far more than a captive vivisection subject for That Which Wears Down The Mountains.

As an akuma, voluntarily going against your Urge even by inaction is not an option. You've got some hard decisions to make, and quickly.
>>
No. 935218 ID: f57349

>>935103
Exactly ten seconds after the duel starts, Creeping Hunter of Mortal Men has been punched in the chest twice and launched out of the ring with a caved-in ribcage, lethal damage filling all but his last two dying health levels, while Hundred Flowing Sweet Rivers took a grazing hit to the nose which has already healed.
>>
No. 935222 ID: 97b4e3

>>935120

The two lunars squared off, armor doffed and armaments aside and prepared to step into the ring, looking into each others eyes and knowing intuitively, wordlessly ... this is the way it must be. Two lunars enter the ring, one lunar leaves. Then, the other lunar being declared the victory, also presumably leaves. Off in the distance or in someone's imagination, a battle ballad played.

Rivers jumped in, looking to sunder Creep's legs with a twin strike spinning torpedo kick. Thinking better of turning it into a charnel bloodbath, the deadly twin strike shifted at the last possible moment to but a mere tackle, a colliding of lunar mass. Rather than step away from it, Creep decides to step up and grab Rivers by the leg and overtake her with a flippant show of dominance. Perhaps by instinct, perhaps by luck, perhaps by a hint of mercy, Rivers barely misses the other lunar and lands mere feet away, digging in for reprisal, ready at any moment to turn it into Creep's doom.

Before Creep can even react, however, River jumps in with another twinned assault, thrusting from above while Creep grins on like a madman, weaving in the wind like a reed while reveling in the thrill of the encounter, dreading ... or perhaps hoping for the first taste of blood to come. He's not left waiting long before a set of claws boops into his chest, poking about at his ribcage instead of merely ripping his heart out; this was a match for honor, for glory, not for something so petty as the kill.

And that near hit, or hint of generosity was just what the blood thirsty Creepy looked for. A big meaty arm reared back, and back and slammed forward looking to end it then and there, folding between the shadows of River's defense to seek at her heart and send her flying. Much to his chagrin, a few feet sliding was all he got for his effort.

Enticed, Rivers barred fangs and decided: the time for half measures was at an end, if he was to be ended, he'd be ended by glorious might and not fanciful maneuvering. No more twin assaults, all that fury was packed into one blow, holding back nothing. Creep hesitated, a moment too long and before he could evade, heard the crunching of his own ribs before the rustling of air.

And thus it was concluded, one lunar, bleeding and out, left clinging to the cusp of life after losing his grip on victory and losing consciousness to the sound of his own breath choking on blood. Rivers stands alone, squared center in the ring, blood soaked and laden with adrenaline and victory in equal measures.
>>
No. 935224 ID: 54735b

rolled 5, 6, 3, 10, 3, 6, 10, 1, 10, 7, 1 = 62

"I think I might have over done it just a little." She made sure the other Lunar was outside of the ring before she left, confident in her having won, even if it felt a bit hollow, before walking back to the delegation table and quickly asking Bridget if she can do anything about the crumpled chest, or if a few weeks of bedrest was all that he was going to need, since he didn't actually seem to be able to heal something like that like she could.

Assuming she wasn't attacked by the tribe for almost accidentally killing their leader, god, and possibly literal father, she walked over to the Lute and who she was going to claim as her prize, picking up the Alchemical, holding her tight, and when she was sure that no violence was going to come her way, turning back into an objectively beautiful silver haired person.

"How's that for helping you out of a bind?" she said in Old Realm just loud enough for a few people to hear it with the same accent as Lute.
>>
No. 935235 ID: afdebc

>>935217
I was planning on not taking the Shard Fallen out at all, actually, since I'm currently posing as mortal and there's entirely too many witness about who could recognize a high level artifact (and at very least a hearthstone) at a glance. Currently the Shard Fallen is tucked into my elsewhere pockets, and my hearthstone is in my hearthstone amulet, which is concealed under my Infinite Resplendence Amulet posing as mundane clothes.

>Efficient Secretary Technique would likely be completely redundant
Wouldn't that just determine that she's outside fate? (Well, I suppose, "has anyone heard of a creature matching this description, and if so what do they know" might still work, though it shouldn't get any hits here).

>>935208
>do you have weeks here ? Seven full sleep cycles?
Lute wobbles one hand in a so-so gesture. "More or less. Time is a little funny in Malfeas, clocks are illegal, and the easiest way to track time is the twice-daily screams of the Tomescu."

>They're in terrible danger too, my people will be looking for me and if they discover any blood trails and these savages, I think they may be likely to be slaughtered in the investigation.
Clearly this strange creature is a compassionate and heroic soul, whatever her origins, to remain concerned for her captors even in such a state!

>I don't suppose you have the capacity or authority in this situation to help ?
"Don't worry, we'll get you back on your feet! ...or fins, or tentacles, or whatever you're supposed to have."

Conversation is interrupted by shouts from the crowd of onlookers, and the sound of a body hitting the ground, as the battle between lunars is decisively decided, and Rivers emerges victorious.

"As for authority... more than I had a moment ago, I would say."

>>935224
May I introduce "Hundred Flowing Sweet Rivers not that Lumie knows what a "River" is and... I'm sorry, what's your name?"
>>
No. 935236 ID: 6a05f7

Rivers, had to actually think, while she asked Bridget and before Santova is super busy IRL she didn’t know if she could help the other Lunar out, and she wasn’t going to just let him bleed out.

She imagined that she would probably declared some kind of queen of them, since they didn’t seem particularly violent towards her after she almost killed their current leader. So, making sure he survived had two obvious conclusions in her mind. Either she was looked at as a better leader, because she was honorable enough to not kill someone or make them suffer in defeat, it could make her look better and shame the other Lunar’s defeat even more than losing to someone normally is, or it would lessen the impact of him being carved down in an honor duel.

Clearly, she would have to down into that massive terrifying coffin like cave they crawled out of and have a talk with some people about what she was doing in the aftermath of that bloody brawl, and figure out what kind of relationship she was having with them.

Isn’t+Socialize+WP for automatic one success +Stunt.
>>
No. 935237 ID: 6a05f7

rolled 10, 7, 4, 5, 4, 6, 2, 8, 3, 1 = 50

>>
No. 935238 ID: 6a05f7

rolled 4, 6, 1, 8, 7, 6, 10, 3, 5, 10 = 60

>>
No. 935239 ID: f57349

>>935236
>>935237
Four successes. The Red Horn tribe is looking shocked by this outcome, and standing aside deferentially when you walk among them. Closest analogue Rivers has personally seen as a Lookshy barmaid was a corporal full of liquid courage taking a swing at a lieutenant who turned out to be Exalted. Even if you're not claiming long-term authority, it may be important to provide some clear direction before the surprise wears off. https://www.schlockmercenary.com/2009-12-09
>claustrophobia
They seem to understand Old Realm, so it ought to be possible to tell the beastfolk warriors to bring a medic and any senior advisors up here, rather than crawling into any caves yourself.
>>
No. 935240 ID: 97b4e3
File 156009795809.jpg - (71.00KB , 480x431 , b56580f9a07e77092f758a58d13de601b23e8ae5.jpg )
935240

>>935235

The eccentricities of the law do seem to befuddle her momentarily as it's explained, the figurative gears in her head already busy away turning away at questions that distract from the matter at hand as she quickly confirms, <Old Realm> [i]"approximately fifteen screams then" she quickly confirmed before sharing the fire dust keg that this situation was rapidly turning into, from her point of view.

She shows off a moment of tenseness as Lute's persona reaches forward to fiddle with and remove the blindings in their entirety, making the situation abound both much easier and more difficult to see, ultimately lending to her squinting, eye lids held at just a slit while she grows accustomed to the illumination. But the helpful gesture offered, the stress is relatively abated and her tone takes up a more hopeful candor. [i]"Feet - I assure you: legs, toes, arches, heels, knees, and all."

>>935224

Her eyes, having their moment of acclimation, take to the other extreme as Rivers approaches. Her point of view is not an advantageous one and the person introduced has one feature that the curiously sparkle captive can't seem to take her, juxtaposingly quite wide eyes off of. The scent of fear might as well be palatable coming off her for any whose dispositions are attuned to such things. A hand held at the lax, soaked in crimson to it's metacarpal and dripping fresh. She can see clearly there's no broken skin, no cracked bones, no signs of medical trauma save for the smears of blood of whatever victim it came from. It's also reaching for her in her less than dignant state. And as she's lifted and hugged in such a manner, she does finally manage to squeak out something of a reply, or at least a whimper to that effect. Not that she knew what deer would look like in sudden torchlight, but she gives an amicable impression. Her voice is low, slightly wheezing and squeaky and her face might as well tell the rest of the story that she's hit the point where no snarky remark awaits in the annals of her mind, but that she's hit the point where she's clearly in over her head.

(( OOC point of reference; A hand steeped in violence came to give her an embrace, striking right at the last bastion of Kamakian dignity in their highly developed sense of personal space. Not that anyone would note, but little Lumie just hit the "Freeze" button on the "Fight/Flight/Freeze/Fawn" base level reaction scale. Also having a Valor 1 doesn't help.))
>>

rolled 10, 4, 7, 7, 10, 10, 2, 3, 5, 6, 9, 2, 1, 7, 6, 3, 4, 8, 8, 10 = 122

>>935240
(In Old Realm).

"Rivers, dear, I think you're scaring her."

"You're also, well, waving her around, and I don't think she shares your sense of modesty (or lack thereof)."

With a glance at the excited tribe around them, "Dutiful Topaz" also adds in Rivertongue "If we're to help her, you may wish to claim her as a conquest, and give any other orders you're going to, before they have a chance to calm down."
>>
No. 935274 ID: 54735b

"I mean, I guess, but look at her, she's so adorable and I love her."

She looked around at them.

"Okay, I wasn't trying to hurt your leader that badly. I got a little excited and... I don't want to make anyone sound bad but as hard as it would take to put me down long enough to drag me out of the ring. I've also decided I'd like to claim this slave you took as the right of conquest. You should get a medic as quickly as possible for him. Also, I want to make sure before everything gets too out of hand, did beating him make me your new chief or something?"
>>
No. 935284 ID: 97b4e3
File 156013847661.jpg - (762.52KB , 627x887 , 09dded1f26dc3831e5db667d10d460d7355df1f3.jpg )
935284

>>935263
>>935274

It takes her a bit of a moment before the nervous mewl would stop and she'd re-appraise the situation. Her current predicament didn't seem to be progressing in the way her sleep deprived, starved, pained and anticipatory simulation fed imagination had thought it would be headed. All things considering, the assessment of certain impending doom may have been slightly, if justifiably, exaggerated. One thing does stand out though, while held she utterly stops breathing, even attempting to, through her eyes dart about trying to put together this clusterfuck of a scenario and find herself a safe route out. Despite her racing heart, she doesn't thrash or flail, doesn't even look like she's trying to fight against a squeeze, it looks more like she forgot to remember to keep breathing and is burning thought cycles on other tasks.

One word seems to trigger her, almost immediately, and once the term 'medic' was uttered she snaps immediately back to attention. Her brow furrows in question, putting two and two together with the word 'him' and she looks immediately to Dutiful Topaz, seeing her as the rational mind in the group at the moment for some measure of explanation, and immediately follows her gaze, taking a momentary subconscious cue and following it right back to the fallen Creep. Her brow furthers in concentration but a mere second or two, craning her neck to try to get a better vantage before her eyes grow wide in horror.

She sucks in a quick breath and puts her own existential dread to the side to slide into something distracting and comfortable as she shouts for attention, <Old Realm> "T-that man is suffering massive internal hemorrhaging and ..." Her tone grows more dire, "an aortic dissection, If he doesn't receive immediate attention he's going to bleed out in minutes." She looks about in the commotion for anyone remotely competent and she sees the worst case scenario. The underfolk she's labeled as lumpy taking interest.

Emotions taking another sudden U-turn, she gets heated and fidgety quick, shouting a pained and wheezy cry, <Old Realm> "Don't you dare touch him you <??? ???? ?? ????? ??>" And what follows is a curt string of what sounds like bile fueled nonsense in her naitive tongue, creative slander too contextual to translate more than <description, verb, adverb, noun adjective>. She looks like she'd be willing to spit fire out of her eyes if she could before she'd let that 'medic' get anywhere near the dying man in desperate need of medical attention. The mere sight has her all hot and angsty.
>>
No. 935285 ID: 54735b

"You know he's an Anathema, and as soon as the bleeding stops he should probably be fine in a few hours. I mean, I think, I would already be up from a hit like that."

She wasn't stupid, well she was actually tremendously stupid, but she was able to pick up social cues well. So, Rivers took her new body pillow and wanted to see what she could do in this state as she walked over to Creep's body.
>>
No. 935286 ID: f57349

>>935274
Relatively casual discussion with other PCs is one thing, but this leadership stuff is a significant enough action, and far enough outside your existing expertise, that you really do need to roll for it.
>>
No. 935289 ID: 97b4e3
File 156014102156.png - (305.80KB , 689x654 , 1c592cc801046d5c9607593a2da60ea963029936.png )
935289

>>935285

<Old Realm> "Regardless of your feelings on his social class, that's still a person right, mutated or not. And that person is bleeding inside from whatever trauma caused this." Contextually, the big A word had no significant meaning. She does another quick look over before glancing up to her current warden, <Old Realm> "Do you see the puncture along the intercostal tis... the hole on his chest along the ribs ? If you can set me down, face down against that wound I can probably go in laparoscopically and .." She stops herself once again and rephrases, [i]"I can stop the internal bleeding and patch up the wound to his heart."

Assuming her request was accommodated, she'd get to work and ... to the vantage of anyone else watching, just go ahead and stick her tongue into the gaping wound and show a face of deep concentration for a minute or two. Internally, she'd lace her saliva with clotting factors and protrude tubules to worm along the inside of the lunar's body cavity, removing bone fragments, suturing and sealing wounds with a miniaturized essence torch ... more of a flicker or a spark, but enough to get the job done. A slight burning smell might be smelled were anyone close enough but she's more than competent and equipped enough to get the job done, even if by touch and disabled as she is.
>>
No. 935290 ID: 304f7c

rolled 1, 9, 10, 9, 9, 8, 2, 3, 6, 9, 3, 9, 10, 5, 9, 10, 5, 8, 6, 10 = 141

Spending XP to learn Old Realm thanks to the Blue Vervain Binding
>>935285
He would not be fine in a few hours. In fact he would most likely be dead. Creep had slumped over coming to a rest watching his vision start to gray out. He looked to his chest and the gaping wound leaking blood like a small river. He heard voices or did he? He wasn't quite sure everything seemed far away. He tries to draw a breath in. He wasn't having much luck and his breathing sounded labored and he coughed up blood before he could get much air in him. His vision came to rest on his moonsilver tattoos still brightly shining. That light was the only thing he could see at this point. His vision mostly black now. He knew he had to stop the bleeding or, well the alternative wasn't a viable option for Creep. He focused on his body and the immense pain he was in, attempting to stop the blood loss,
>>
No. 935291 ID: 3732a8

“I mean, we’re the same type of things. I mean, everyone calls us Anathema, but I’ve been hearing that the right term is Exalt, which doesn’t really make sense for me since those are someone completely different.”

She talks in Old Realm to the torso as she does hold her up to the wound like she wanted.
>>
No. 935293 ID: afdebc

>Naked torso wiggling on naked bloody lunar, applying copious tongue
"Then again, I suppose I could have been mistaken about the modesty", Topaz comments wryly to Rivers. (Old Realm).
>>
No. 935296 ID: 97b4e3

>>935290
>>935291

She doesn't give much a reaction to the conversation at hand, rather focused on her task of tonguing the near dead Creep. She does work quickly and even if her ministrations were ultimately unnecessary, she had no way of knowing that for certain. Content, she looks up, gives a quick blink of her eyes and the professional determined facade quickly devolves to a face that could best be described by the term 'icky.' She cranes her face towards the ground, makes a profound "Bllaaaaaa" sound and spits out a number of bone chips and other viscera with an appropriately disgusted face. Looking about for some relief, she turns to her shoulder and starts to lick that if only to scrape off her tongue preceding a few more spits of blood and foreign matter onto the ground. Then, and only then, would she look to Rivers and give an appropriately confused and presumingly overwhelmed look; as the adrenaline starts to wear off, uncertainty goes to fill that gap and she resumes her earlier quandary of trying to determine what does she do now.
>>
No. 935297 ID: 304f7c

Creep lifts a heavy arm and gestures to River to come closer. "My name is Creeping Hunter of Mortal Men. What is yours?
>>
No. 935299 ID: 97b4e3

>>935293
She glances back to Topaz, looking like that remark cut, even if delayed while she was focusing on doctoring, and gives her a sad pouting look before laying it all out, <Old Realm> "It's not like I ~WANT to be here, naked, crippled and dripping with ... ick. They nearly killed me, they stole everything that wasn't riveted down and even then they still pried at my skull for hours." She can't help but subconsciously glance up toward the brilliant diamond like soulgem nestled deeply into her forehead. "And what am I supposed to do when people are dying around me. I just want my bed, just want Liza and I just want ... all the things they took." She sniffles, takes in a breath and just holds it into try to keep it together again.
>>
No. 935300 ID: 304f7c

Creep attempts to stand and then wobbles before falling over on his side. He is not quite up to moving around unassisted quite yet. "Bring me my axe, and my armor!" He says into the group of wide eye beastmen. It takes a second before the commands land. Seeing their Warmaster nearly killed wasn't part of the plan. Leaning on his axe like a walking stick he hobbles over to the wriggling torso spitting out bones and blood. "And you metal one, can speak now. What is your name?"
>>
No. 935301 ID: 97b4e3
File 156014609749.jpg - (404.94KB , 800x800 , 0efb7d22a97b516e0f6952468b713d5f9ca378ec.jpg )
935301

>>935300
(( Less metal than traces and compositions, though more than mere moral were that the inference.
>>935208
>The rest of her looks almost as curious as the gleaming eye; while disheveled and sullied would be the obvious words to come to mind, beneath the lackadaisical attempt to allow her modesty or a semblance of presentability is something most curious. Her flesh is surprisingly smooth and occasionally glittering at the right angle. Though she's not quite human, so many of the same qualities are there, beneath the soft, peachy clay like skin is enough translucency to see hints of blood vessels in pink and purplish colors, the shifting of tendons and muscularature and meticulous simulacra to the human form that even jadeborn anatomy looks crude in comparison. At more of a glance, she's unquestionably female even if slight in size, proportions indicating that she might stand an average height were her severed limbs still present and of an appropriately human scale. The way she guards the stubs of her arms as she flails indicates an instinctual quality of pain to them as they look crudely severed. Flesh is torn and bandaged, the scabbing taking an iridescent quality more so than the dullish red of oxidized hemes that you'd expect. A bit of bone protrudes and it seems to be made of some sort of darkened alloy, pocketed and hollow like a typical bone might be but in this state, shows signs of plastic deformation rather than splintering.
))

Currently looking up from the ground at Topaz (lest steadied by River), she pauses from her lamentations to quirk her brow at Creep who's already up and about. She quickly cautions, <Old Realm> "Do be careful, the walls of your vena ca.. your heart muscle are being held together by sutures and too much movement can strain them. Umm, they're like threads holding the skin together. But don't worry ... they'll dissolve in about six ... er, fourty ... eighty four screams or so." She looks to Topaz again for confirmation that she got the timeframe right mapping days/weeks to Tomescu wailing.

She then realizes this might not have been the first time it's been asked, but she takes a little bit of a breath to get out all the details, "I'm Luminous Alacrity Recursing in the Reaches, second science officer and honorary sodalite in the science division of the first aerotary exploration contingent of Kamak from the Metropolis Heraj." She takes another breath, "But ... most of my friends call me Lumie as that's easier and because of the obvious ...ohh, I guess that idiom doesn't translate well, so nevermind that."
>>
No. 935302 ID: f57349

>>935296
>even if her ministrations were ultimately unnecessary, she had no way of knowing that for certain
Diagnostic Overlay submodule for optical enhancement says the patient somehow stanched his own hemorrhaging before you even got there, subsequent surgery was mostly a matter of checking his work, disinfecting, a few micro-sutures to close up that punctured lung - and it seemed like you were racing him even on that, stitching up the ruptured pink meringue from one end while it zipped itself shut from the other.

Toothpick-sized rib fragment is tangled in your left eyebrow, a clotted scrap of furry skin is flapping loose over your soulgem, and there's a whole lot of, not just blood, but miscellaneous organic goo all over your cheeks, in your hair, even some on your shoulders. A few parts of it your tongue could reach, but that seems like a horribly sub-optimal grooming strategy unless you can first disable your senses of taste and smell. http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20060125 Haven't had a nice hot bath in an indeterminate period of time, roughly between one week and ten thousand years.
>>
No. 935303 ID: f57349

>>935300
You're incapacitated. Attempting to speak, let along move, absolutely requires a roll.
>>
No. 935308 ID: 8d924c

rolled 9, 5, 5, 8, 7, 7, 9, 7, 1, 9, 9, 4, 2, 2, 1, 7, 9, 3, 8, 3, 1, 6, 9, 7, 2, 10, 6, 5, 3, 4 = 168

Red and Gold is somewhat slow to gather what exactly has just happened, distracted as he was by trying to determine who and what these new people were and how they would fit into existing plans, but it's clear enough that someone is heavily injured, so he excuses himself in Rivertongue,

"Pardon me, but I want to attend to this sudden situation briefly, and aid the injured. I'll be back shortly."

Red and Gold makes his way over to the Creeping Hunter of Mortal Men's side, should he not be stopped, before pulling at the collar of his robe and exposing a bit of pale flesh, speaking in Old Realm.

"Whiskey, could you help patch this one up? I don't need any guests dying here today. I'll find you something new to drink, later."

With the unnerving rippling of flesh, a stomach bottle bug would swim out of Red and Gold's form to land within the flesh of the Creeping Hunter of Mortal Men, before moving to the task of repairing what was broken.
>>
No. 935311 ID: f57349

Details of medical treatment aside, you've now got at least three groups - the Red Horn tribe, the city of Aketon, and the demons represented by Seven Broken Wings of Red and Gold - who possess credible armies but have yet to formally acknowledge each others' diplomatic legitimacy, let alone territorial claims. If you don't want a lot of pointless skirmishes, eventually escalating into a war of conquest, it'd be wise to get that sorted out sooner rather than later.
>>

rolled 10, 9, 3, 2, 3, 10, 10, 1, 10, 3, 7, 5, 10, 6, 4, 1, 5, 3, 6, 5, 8, 3, 2, 6, 4, 7, 6, 2, 3, 9, 7, 7, 9, 4, 7, 7, 2, 1, 6, 1, 6, 5, 6, 8, 9, 5, 6, 4, 6, 3 = 272

Okay, I'm going to let my commitment to Blue Vervain Binding lapse, the tribe has had ample time to better themselves by accepting the magic of communication.

>>935299
"Of course. I'm sorry for making light of your situation."

>desperate for a bath
Turning to the fiendish diplomat and possible possum Queen "Can I trust you to handle the diplomatic situation here, while I see about restoring our new friend some dignity?"

That taken care of, quickly takes advantage of her obvious connection to the woman who may have just become war chief, and Lumie's heroic rescue of the current war chief, to secure a small tent from the herd and some privacy.

With a conspiritual look around "This may look a little odd, but you're not the only one hiding a set of tools. I'd ask you to keep quiet about the fact I can do this, not everyone out there knows, and I'd prefer to keep it that way."

With that, her arm dissolves, transforming into a fractal mass of tentacles, seemingly made of glass. The light of the green sun, shining through the walls, reflects oddly in their movement, playing across Lumie, who is surprised to see the filth on her frame start to drift away.

Using the lens arm + fine manipulation + ranged manipulation functions to clean the junk off her, then going to attempt improving some basic clothes for her from what the tribe has to work with (I assume they have some spares or cloth, but probably not tailored to stay on limbless torsos).

Rolling a bunch of dice, I assume the cleaning is Dex + something, modifying cloth is probably craft (Wood), although dressing her up at all might count as Larceny (disguise). 3 auto success on the rolls that count as fine manipulation. Helping Lumie be more like her best self probably makes the stunt urge-resonant.

Arm will be back in human mode when we leave the tent.
>>
No. 935314 ID: f57349

>>935313
I'd be inclined to count basic grooming as diceless. No real plausible way to botch a sponge bath, just a matter of putting in the time and effort.

With nine successes on the dice and three more from the bushbot arm, Dutiful Topaz manages to rapidly assemble a simple, elegant-looking, and surprisingly comfortable dress (Fine or Fancy Clothing, Resources 2) out of mostly scrap canvas, baling wire, and dry maple leaves. Just imagine what she could accomplish with proper materials, or any training at all as a tailor.
>>
No. 935316 ID: 97b4e3
File 156017645729.jpg - (79.37KB , 500x496 , 6d9debddf2cea98478ce7245fdfad62fe707555e.jpg )
935316

rolled 9, 4, 10, 2, 10, 9, 3, 2, 10, 10, 2, 3, 3, 2, 9, 3, 6, 5, 1, 4, 8, 9, 3, 9, 4, 7, 7, 4, 7, 7 = 172

>>935313
An extended stint of comparative solitude does relative wonders for her mental seems to do relative wonders for curbing the anxiety. When she's alone in the tent with Topaz she mostly just seems to let that drift into a state of exhaustion, occasionally broken up by a flush inducing gurgle of her stomach that she does her best not to adknowledge.

At the offer of solidarity, she'd give a definitive gesture of her head before thinking better of that and answering, <Old Realm> "Yes, of course." Her eyes break from the glare of the sun to a fraction of a heartbeat of caution, eyes darting immediately not to the wriggling mess of appendages, but the spot where they meet up with Topaz's arm. "No tumors, no necrosis, no <???>" Another word without context. She looks relatively content and lets her guard drop once more, seemingly unperturbed by the atypical armatures as if that, in some other form, was not necessarily unfamiliar happenstance.

Mostly she watches at first, quiet and shy at the intimacy of the task but bearing it with practiced dignity. It's when the makeshift clothing comes into play that she feels a little more helpful, slipping a nonchalant question asking about how long Topaz thinks a piece of cloth is, probing for a unit of measure. At that point she tries to make herself useful, able to suggest some surprisingly insightful lengths and measures any time something looks like it's about to be eyeballed, she seems to have a particular talent for craft or at least some insight into it.

As things are beginning to wrap up, both in terms of her exposure and this peaceful little moment, she'd do her best to punctuate it with a sincere, "Thank you. For well, a lot. It's nice to feel human again even if briefly." She's back to squinting again, still trying to adjust to the brightness but already wishing she had access to her arc goggles. "I wonder, wherever this is, is everyone so disfigured ? You're the only other human here I've seen who doesn't have some sort of mutation and it begins to worry me. If there's some mutagen maybe or ...", she gives a weary sigh clipped by more gurgles that she ignores, "I don't know." She leaves a pregnant pause, not certain she's ready for the answer to follow, "What happens next ?"

(( Adding teamwork die as appropriate to any Craft(*) rolls. Or Larceny if apt. ))
>>
No. 935398 ID: afdebc

>>935316
>"No tumors, no necrosis, no <???>"
Assuming Lumie's applying her Diagnostic Overlay, yes, she should be able to tell the arm is in intentional artificial construct of some manner, and not some degenerative condition or negatively impacting the connected natural biology. Universal Precept shroud might conceal the Multifocal Lens Arm's nature as an infernal graft specifically, but that distinction wouldn't mean much to her anyways.

>It's nice to feel human again even if briefly
Might be a turn of phase, but thinking of herself as human might be another point for the maybe-exalted theory.

>"I wonder, wherever this is, is everyone so disfigured ? You're the only other human here I've seen who doesn't have some sort of mutation and it begins to worry me. If there's some mutagen maybe or ..."
"Mmm, your erstwhile captors are a tribe of what are commonly known as beastfolk, that they all share mutations is somewhat self selecting- tied up in cultural identity, common supernatural ancestry, settling too close to the Wyld. They're not representative of the local mortal population."

"...although, given we are in the Demon Realm, the local mortal population isn't representative of the local population."

>"What happens next ?"
"Why, trying to get your feet back under you, I would imagine."
>>
No. 935409 ID: c16127

Okay, formal time, with Creep at the very least not at any risk of dying, and her new slave body pillow being taken care of by Lute, she just had to go and talk to the tribe of beastmen, so she would go and try to navigate to who everyone important was with one really important question. "What now?"

She beat their leader incredibly quickly, and they weren't trying to kill her, so either this happened all the time, or she had to guess that they were going to try and make her leader from everything she's heard about tribes of beastmen, so she wants to get all of the boring parts of whatever's going to happen handled right away.
>>
No. 935415 ID: 304f7c

rolled 2, 8, 3, 3, 4, 6, 9, 10, 3, 4, 3, 7, 2, 4, 9, 10, 1, 7, 8, 1, 4, 4, 8, 1, 10, 1, 5, 10, 8, 9 = 164

After being stunned for some time one of the beastmen breaks rank and turns to face all the others. Wearing a white tunic with a crude image of a ram's head painted in red. He looks well dressed compared to the others. "Alright put your weapons away. Nothing is gonna happen here you got that?" He barks his order and the beastmen begin sheathing their weapons but look none too pleased. "WHAT! get out of my way. Make room!" A figure starts pushing his way through the rank and file knock beastmen over carelessly. "Have your horns finally grown too long Kakrox? We clearly out number them!" The figure approaches dressed in black armor with red hand prints all over it. the front pushing flat the female beastmen that was carrying Luminous Alacrity earlier. He gets up close and presses his face into Kakrox's view, "Since when do you decide by yourself what happens?" The beastmen who was just pushed flat hops back up and dusts herself off before joining the other two in debate, "Grizzlemaw he can't help it you know the laws. She won in a duel." Slightly shorter than the other two she stands the tips of her hooves to join in. Kakrox stares down Grizzlemaw, "You're too quick in judgment Grizzlemaw you'll dishonor us. Thank you Marthog." He turns around, "These people are under HER protection. Think about what happened to our Warmaster before trying anything! It wouldn't surprise me if they all are strong as her." He turns to River, "What happens now is up to you. We intrude on your presence, we can leave if you will it. However please understand that we are strangers to this land trying to survive. We can send the raiding party away and leave just us three, the war council. If you would allow us the honor to join this delegation perhaps we can trade information or resources. You have proven yourself a very capable warrior, and you did it fairly. It would not be wrong of me to say you have earned my respect as a soldier."
>>
No. 935419 ID: c16127

"Well, we could always use some help. After all, I don't know how long you were down there, but we aren't in an exactly hospitable place. I also don't know how much resources we actually have to share, but I appreciate and am honored by the praise, Kakrox (?), though I'm not sure how deserved it is for my actions today, after all, I let my excitement get in the way of my judgement of an amicable opponent's skills."

For the most part, she didn't pay Grizzlemaw's comments about outnumbering them much heed. In general though, she did feel kind of bad about almost killing their warboss in a friendly duel, but she wanted to figure out what kind of balance of power they had.

"But, I also wanted to ask, what happens, since no matter what, I did come swinging too hard, and I've wound up leaving your Warchief out of commission for some time but it seems like you're not terribly hostile, so that's why I wanted to ask, what now?"
>>
No. 935420 ID: f57349

>>935419
Mother Bog empathically suggests that whatever else happens, you should make sure the Red Horns pay tribute to her on a regular basis from now on.
>>
No. 935422 ID: c16127

>>935420
Rivers will try and empathically say she'll make sure that they do if any of us get back to creation.
>>
No. 935433 ID: 97b4e3
File 156022806624.jpg - (148.43KB , 850x576 , sample_590e9caa42c76a9f744d648fdbb315e555cd410c.jpg )
935433

rolled 3, 5, 6, 4, 3, 7, 6, 1, 9, 7, 1, 5, 2, 3, 5, 4, 9, 3, 3, 8, 6, 1, 3, 1, 1, 7, 2, 9, 5, 1 = 130

>>935398

She seemed to be more or less looking for something in specific and was quickly satisfied that she had not found whatever it is that she was looking for.

<Old Realm> "Well, my originating captors showed somewhat more ..." She closes her eyes and tries to think up the right way to describe it. "divergence in the manifestations, too much to account for inhereted traits unless they've been isolated for ... " she pauses on a unit of measure again before continuing, "several tens of generations. Maybe environmental factors from a wyld zone,j if that is what I think it may be is the case." She shrugs a little and comments. "Would you, given your technological capabilities, say you're representative of the local mortal population ? And are the beastfolk part of a larger community of collective demon beastfolk or is that a landmark term ?"

She listens on, but increasingly weariness is taking its toll. With regard to her convalescence she mentions, "That much is not terribly complicated, I have a good talent for medicine and can probably operate to restore my limbs under the right conditions. As it stands though, I'm dehydrated, malnourished with nothing but insects keeping me even this alert and extremely sleep deprived. While I can't necessarily fault them, they'd shake me awake every time I fell asleep and stopped breathing." She gives a half hearted smile at that that bears closer resemblance to a grimace. "And I was unable to communicate with them that I don't strictly need to be breathing all the time. So ... like most maladies, rest and nutrition seem to be the key."
>>
No. 935481 ID: afdebc

>>935433
>Would you, given your technological capabilities, say you're representative of the local mortal population ?
With a cocked head and slowly sweeping her hand in an arc "Not likely? I benefit from certain advantages and friends others do not."

>And are the beastfolk part of a larger community of collective demon beastfolk
"I haven't known this particular tribe long enough to learn their politics, but I wouldn't expect so." Interestingly, this conversation would seem to suggest Lumie is unfamiliar with the beastfolk, demons, and possibly tribal social structures at all.

>In need of food and sleep
"Well! If you're up for braving attention and showing off your outfit, there's a table of food outside. If you'd rather put off an appearance until after you've rested, I could have some brought in."

The seer diplomatically refrains from mentioning that the meal was provided by the same individual who so frightened Lumie previously. (No sense in scaring her off a meal, and the information might be used to mend bridges later).
>>
No. 935496 ID: 97b4e3

rolled 10, 7, 8, 3, 10, 4, 2, 2, 7, 3, 5, 9, 4, 4, 2, 7, 2, 3, 7, 1, 10, 1, 3, 4, 10, 1, 9, 7, 8, 2 = 155

>>935481

<OId Realm> "Well, I would hate to ..." and, surprising approximately no one, her own biological impulses decide to make themselves known in a complex and an almost animated tummy gurgle, rebuffing and announcing once and for all, that it is well past time to be putting on airs. Attempting to keep a straight face, for risk of further indisgression, she changes tact and aquesses. "Yes I think that might be for the best." A deadpan expression is undermined by a growing pinkend hue of a cheek flush, demonstrating further the complexity of her own biological capacity. She further adds, tone notably diminished in volume, "I may need to request the aid of someone with ... utensils."
>>
No. 935515 ID: 304f7c

rolled 8, 2, 2, 10, 6, 9, 7, 9, 7, 1, 3, 10, 2, 4, 2, 8, 5, 2, 10, 7, 7, 7, 4, 8, 1, 2, 5, 7, 3, 9 = 167

>>935419

It takes a moment of them staring at Rivers to before saying anything. Grizzlemaw, "You could finish him and assert yourself as Warmaster."

"Or if you let him live I am sure he would be grateful. He does have a habit of returning favors." Kakrox says while elbowing Grizzlemaw in the side.

Marthog shrugs and holds her hands up, "As for what happens now. Uh... Let me think whats the best way to phrase this." She takes a moment before diving in to the intricacies of Red Horn's laws and customs, "So in conclusion this immediate area is like your home for a period of time." She draws a square in the air for emphasis. "We are your guests and we have to follow the rules of your house what ever you say they are. We will most likely leave and take the indisposed Warmaster back to the village to heal once your friends are done doing whatever it is they are doing to his body."

Kakrox, "I am sure we can work out some sort of agreement for the benefit of everyone. If you let us."
>>
No. 935534 ID: 5f3f48

>>935496
She's just too cute, it's downright infectious. "Dutiful Topaz" can't resist offering a reassuring headpat before picking Lumie back up.

"We'll figure that out, don't worry."

Taking Lumie back outside to the table Rivers set up, which means she's available to be accosted by or subject to scrutiny by interested PCs or NPCs again.
>>
No. 935541 ID: 54735b

rolled 1, 2, 1, 4, 9, 6, 4, 1, 2, 7, 1, 5, 7, 2, 8, 6, 10, 4, 10, 5, 1, 7, 6, 4, 8, 5, 10, 6, 8, 1 = 151

>>935515

"Well, I was already planning on healing him, because I'm not particularly interested in killing someone in an otherwise friendly enough duel. But, those wounds are really deep, and they'll take over a month to heal. So, maybe I could be Warchief while he's healing up? Since it looks like he had the kind of job you don't want to go vacant for months at a time."
>>
No. 935553 ID: 97b4e3

rolled 6, 6, 3, 9, 8, 5, 2, 1, 9, 10, 10, 6, 6, 6, 1, 3, 10, 6, 5, 4, 3, 6, 3, 2, 2, 4, 9, 6, 1, 5 = 157

>>935534
Lumie, when assisted with the nomming process, would eagerly try anything put before her without reservation, even some of the odder dishes meant for some very specific tastes. Short of water, literally all of it seems to be new to her and she'll make commentary on it, some things she likes, some she really likes, others are less so but there seems to be no rhyme or reason. Sweet, savory, salty ... she seems to have the hardest time wrapping her head around the more spiced dishes but will, without question, ask what each and every dish is. And if ingredients are mentioned, what those are; if animals, plants or locations are referenced, she'd ask what that is too. The good news, however, is a new bit of something else would get her distracted easily enough. The word ravenous does come to mind although if pressed, eventually the food coma might set in where she just can't eat another bite. But may just be just as amusing, alibet in a different fashion.
>>
No. 935554 ID: 97b4e3

rolled 8, 6, 1, 4, 5, 3, 3, 9, 4, 8, 9, 7, 5, 4, 3, 2, 9, 8, 7, 2, 4, 6, 8, 6, 1, 9, 7, 10, 4, 8 = 170

>>935541
If witness to that statement, and in a language she comprehends (Old Realm and only Old Realm), she'd helpfully offer, <Old Realm> [i]"Once I'm recovered, I can probably get him back on his feet in a matter of a day; his injuries are severe but not permanent if treated properly."

(( Note, this is a big IF: If this conversation is happening by the food and if it's in a language she can understand. ))
>>
No. 935612 ID: 304f7c

rolled 7, 9, 6, 7, 1, 5, 7, 6, 1, 7, 5, 9, 2, 1, 4, 7, 8, 10, 8, 9, 8, 1, 7, 8, 8, 6, 4, 10, 2, 9 = 182

>>935541
The three of them look at each other and begin to hem and haw, "An interim Warmaster? Is that even possible? Has something like this happen before? What do you think Kakrox, has something like this happen before? What are we gonna do? Are we even allowed to decide that? The ruling council is in shambles. Do we even need a quorum? What are we gonna do when he wakes up? You mean if he wakes up. She is strong enough, but do we really know her? What if she has issues? Is she going to drag us into things or embroil us in more war? Can we name her champion instead? If we don't give her something is she going to fight us as well?" From this huddled circle they have engrossed themselves in they all turn their head in unison to look at Rivers. "Oh crap she is going to kill us. Definitely." Then Marthog offers one of her simple solutions. "Let her join the war council!"

The three members look at each other and nod in unison. Grizzlemaw proudly walks up and says, "We have decided to give the title of Council Member and Champion of The Red Horn Tribe."

Marthog applauds excitedly, "Yay! Go you! Council Member... uh guys did we ever get her name?" The other two members look pale. Afraid that Marthog might of slighted the frightening warrior in front of them.

Kakrox is the first to react grabbing Marthog's head and begins pressing into the ground as a forced bow. "Forgive Marthog she isn't one with manners in our tribe. She is just our humble quartermaster. While she thinks of an apology let me tell you what being Council Member and Champion mean. I will try to keep it brief. First off you are now on a council with five other members. The three you see before you here and two others back at our village. We handle all the decisions that the tribe might encounter. Wars, feasts, industry, marriages are all handled by the council. We will do our best not to bother someone such as yourself with trivial matters. Now on being champion of the tribe." He pauses and take a deep breath. "You are expected to support the tribe in our fights against enemies just as the tribe is expected to help you against yours. You will basically be taking on the Warmaster role while Creeping Hunter of Mortal Men is recuperating. This is a very serious matter. Please understand that the safety if the tribe is paramount right now as we have been stuck here fighting for the past several of years. Against all manner of beasts, cretin and other civilizations. In truth our population has dwindled even more recently due to infighting. This hole in the ground is a tunnel we have dug in hopes to escape this foreign land. That is another story we can talk about later. We just need to know if you accept your titles."

Marthog has been on the ground shaking this whole time. She turns her head up and says, "I'm really s-s-sorry. P-please don't k-k-kill and eat me scary lady!" Tears running down her face.
>>
No. 935685 ID: 54735b

"Sorry, I thought that I introduced myself earlier, but I guess if you were magicked into being able to understand this language after that than that would make sense that you didn't pick it up. I'm Hundred Sweetly Flowing Rivers."

She didn't bow, after all, she didn't know the tribal rules, but she also looked shocked and hurt that everyone was looking at her like a monster because just five minutes ago she was a giant monster that punched someone so hard in the chest that they almost exploded.

"But, I'll have to go and meet the other Elders soon enough."
>>
No. 935686 ID: 54735b

"But, I'd be honored to accept the title of Champion and Councilor, and I'll head down into the tunnels to meet with everyone when 'night' falls. Until then, I think I'm going to get to know the slave I'm still taking as the spoils of victory."

She would be polite and wait for them to say their piece, but she would then go off and talk to Lumie and Lute.

"Well, at least someone's enjoying that feast I stayed up all night making."
>>
No. 935738 ID: 7dd512
File 156049104595.jpg - (507.50KB , 700x1000 , 3012d3aab2a75aa5022c719e50caa519d54e82eb.jpg )
935738

rolled 6, 2, 2, 3, 7, 9, 7, 3, 4, 5, 8, 3, 3, 8, 6, 3, 8, 7, 2, 3, 5, 6, 5, 10, 9, 9, 4, 8, 7, 7 = 169

>>935685

From Scraps, Topaz was able to make something reasonably fashionable and at least Lumie didn't have to be involuntarily naked at this point while she gets treated to cooked splendors. It quickly gets obvious that she's got no idea what any of it is, not a single protein, veggies, fruit, spice, or liquid short of water, it's all strange, new and she wants to know what all of it is. This current state of getting pampered is slightly better than the last, although she'll soon reach a point just short of bursting where the food coma sleepies start to collaborate with the exhaustion of not being allowed to sleep mixed with all the emotional trauma. The droopy, fluttering eyes and batted lashes do little to abate the stream of questions on details trivial and delicious, but if one point is to be hammered home, she's not from these parts. She's so not from these parts, the entirety of what ought to be meat and potatoes are some exotic affair from far off lands. Also her palate is weird in what she does or doesn't like and doesn't at all conform to any known spice base imaginable or give any clues to an origin other than someplace you've never heard of (from a culinary perspective).
>>
No. 935803 ID: afdebc

Once outside the tent and back among the crowds of beastfolk, and again in view of the delegation from Aketon, Topaz adopts a more deferential bearing- a subtle change, and possibly one overlooked by Luminous Alacrity, given the overwhelming spectrum of unfamiliar stimuli.

>>935686
>"Well, at least someone's enjoying that feast I stayed up all night making."
Looking up from her charge, the incognito answers in a mollifying and playful tone. "I wouldn't take it personally, politics puts some people off their appetite."

"How fare your efforts in ritual diplomacy?"

>>935738
>or liquid short of water
Even the water probably tastes slightly different, given it likely comes from a well or river or other natural source rather than a conduit or water purification plant municipal charm or similar.
>>
No. 935816 ID: 54735b

"Well, I was named a Champion of the Tribe and a council member. If I was really rude and wanted to fully steal his place," she gestured at the lump of Lunar lying where they left him, "they gave me the option of killing him and taking his place."
>>
No. 935928 ID: afdebc

>>935816
"I assume, as your fellow chosen of Luna remains among the living, you have chosen not to be rude?"

"If I could impose on your new Championess, I'd appreciate a chance to examine those moonsilver tattoos of his, but perhaps after things have had a chance to calm down."
>>
No. 935996 ID: 8d924c

>>935738
Red and Gold reassures the tribals around him that the stomach bottle bug is merely assisting with their leader's recovery, and will do no harm aside from drinking any alcohol they bring near it. Then he heads back towards the table and the feast, curious as to what it is that Dutiful Topaz has found.

He inquires directly at the source, the Alchemical herself.

"Welcome. I don't suppose you would be interested in explaining where you were, well, built? Born? I don't recognize the model. Difficult to attempt any sort of repairs if I don't know precisely what you are, you see. And your current state suggests you are in need of them."
>>
No. 936014 ID: 7dd512

>>935803
>>935996

Topaz would get a delighted squeal at one such offering spoonful. At this point Lumie is quickly reaching the threshold where she's not sure she could fit more food, nor would it be overly healthy to try. But, for this spoon, minor exceptions might be made. She's not sure why it didn't start off first and was saved for last but Rivers would find one fan of whatever that sweet substance was.

She goes ahead and makes a commentary, regarding the tatoos between morsels. <Old Realm> "They looked intentional, some sort of ritualistically inlaid moonsilver, but I think it only penetrates fairly shallow into the dermis. It was kind of hard to see from well, my vantage. But I didn't feel any struts or rivets. Maybe decorative like a <???> or some scaffolding for laying enchantments ?"

(Assuming Red & Gold converses in Old Realm)
Lumie quirks her head a little at Red and Gold, not seeming to get the question or at least too busy being caught up on certain nuances. "Well umm, no, I'd rather you not attempt to tinker as if I were a toy, lest you consider knitting bone and mending flesh repair. I'm more in need of a physician than a <??? Some noun related to magi-tech> and I just so happened to possess those skills already. Suffice it to say, time, nutrition and sufficient rest generally work best, as with most maladies." She gives a glance to Topaz, a slightly worrisome one seeming to be more comfortable under her care than this presumptuous stranger's.
>>
No. 936023 ID: 8d924c

>>936014
Red and Gold continues, slightly confused, in Old Realm.

"Ah, well, rest and nutrition are all well and good for most injuries, but it appears you are missing, well, your limbs. Are your systems so sophisticated that you merely need time and food to repair such things? If so, we will of course see to it that such is provided. I merely worry that you would need the assistance of a specialist of the sort not available for a hundred miles, through very dangerous terrain, especially without knowing what you are. My apologies."
>>
No. 936024 ID: afdebc

>>936014
>on tattoos
"From the stories I have heard, they're supposed to provide protections from the wyld and shaping magics, as well as stabilize the wearer's caste. I've not had the chance to see them in person, before."

>responding to Red and Gold
It doesn't escape notice that Lumie completely avoids answering questions of her origin or construction. Noting Lumie's distress, Topaz does offer reassurances. "It's all right, he's a friend."
>>
No. 936040 ID: afdebc

Thanks to a scene transition freeing up commitments and dialog counting as diceless stunts, Lute has more motes than I thought she did!

The infernal vizier spends some personal motes to send her efficient arachnid attendant scuttling and compiling information:

•What's Kamak?
•Who are the members of the Aketon delegation officially representing?
•What are the predominant political positions of [insert people from last answer] as per public statements and documents? (This may be more than one question, assuming the members of the delegation work for different people).
•What established agreements exist between the Mosok tribe and the town of Aketon?
>>
No. 936076 ID: 8c5529

"Well, I'm more than willing to let you look over it while he's recovering, but I still don't think that will be too long if he's getting as much magical treatment as he is."

She gestured to the Lunar who had recently been given a Stomach Bottle Bug.

"But, if it is useful for helping against the Wyld, maybe it could help me with my issues with transforming."
>>
No. 936092 ID: 7dd512
File 156074468915.jpg - (171.32KB , 925x700 , 439adef7fea3194114c9c3b5ca4416ad27aae013.jpg )
936092

rolled 8, 1, 1, 6, 4, 5, 6, 5, 2, 8, 4, 3, 3, 2, 5, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 5, 5, 10, 3, 5, 3, 9, 3, 9 = 123

>>936023
>>936024

Considering the earnestness she had with Topaz, she might notice Lumie's attempts to be obtuse toward Red & Gold; some aspect of the conversation that seems to rub her the wrong way, in that same vein she continues, <Old Realm> "Well, the immune system is capable of recovering from a surprising amount of trauma and microbial assault, like infections.As to yes, my limbs, that can be blamed on the incompetence of a miscreant who likely thinks amputation an appropriate solution to a paper cut." There's some bitterness and spite in there, even as she continues to deflect from R&G yet again.

Looking to Topaz, she nods her head, though doesn't seem to be completely sold on that notion. Instead she leans into the woman while keeping an eye on Red and Gold. In a more hushed tone she also replies, "If you're sure." Addressing more audibly, [i]"Right now, malnutrition, dehydration and fatigue are larger problems and those are best solved with time. I'm fairly certain that when I can think straight I'll come up with a good idea on how to operate and restore mobility, I've treated far more catastrophic trauma before."

Further attempts at technical aspects of her own biology would be expertly deflected with description of biological systems that, with a little thought, are very much human in nature and she's avoiding talking about anything regarding her own anatomy or origins. An oddity considering how candid she was with Topaz earlier in private.
>>
No. 936109 ID: 3732a8

“Well, if you’re hungry and thirsty, I’m just the right person for the job. I’m just glad someone is starting to enjoy my cooking.”

She picks up the Alchemical, seemingly unsurprised that she can grow back her limbs given times. After all, she already knows that trick herself.

“So, what do you say to a home cooked meal just for us and some of the finest cheap booze that we’ve got. It’s close enough to water to count, and safer than drinking from a stream.”
>>
No. 936111 ID: 7dd512

rolled 8, 2, 9, 2, 7, 5, 3, 8, 6, 10, 5, 7, 5, 9, 10, 6, 3, 7, 7, 6, 1, 9, 1, 5, 5, 10, 9, 3, 9, 7 = 184

>>936109

From somewhere in her throat issues a surprised squeak as she's easily hefted again, the juxtaposition between her brawn an Topaz's one of distinction. At the offer of a home cook meal, it puts her into a state of deep deliberation, one punctuated with an audible groan: "HmmmmmmMMMMmmmmmmMMMmmmmmmm.." Several times her voice fluctuates up and down as she's tempted, considers, rejects and shows off a troubling level of uncertainty at the proposition. Eventually she slumps a little and comes to a conclusion she's not completely happy with, <Old Realm> "I don't know if I can eat much more right now." Her tone takes one of a slight pout, "And it's so tasty, it wouldn't be fair to go for all that effort if I just make myself sick eating more and more. Maybe a nap or some <booze>" She pronounces it strangely, like the word is unfamiliar and she's trying to mimic the way Rivers said it.
>>
No. 936114 ID: 3732a8

“Well, I guess I could go for a nap too. I agreed to meet the Council ‘tonight’.”

She was already holding Lumie, but shifted her grip to the comfiest she was aware of, holding her like she was a roughly 100 pound infant as she walked her off to the tavern where she poured them both a mead, since this was a special occasion, and a a good number of cups of beer. Probably enough for an Exalt and a half.
>>
No. 936119 ID: 7dd512

rolled 4, 7, 8, 6, 3, 6, 1, 7, 10, 3, 7, 8, 9, 7, 9, 3, 8, 4, 6, 7, 7, 2, 8, 3, 2, 2, 7, 3, 3, 6 = 166

>>936114

She squints under the light of the sun but tries to keep her eyes out to determine where we're going. Once indoors however, the squinting subsides and she's curious about a good many of the things, fielding a number of questions an inquisitive tourist might just do to try to keep her eyes open long enough to keep alert. Questions like what certain decorations mean, questions about what other people are wearing, what certain devices are.

Once drinks are sorted out, and someone handily thinks to bring a few cut strands of grass for her to use to sip with, she does so, though probably only gets a little more than halfway through one of each. <Old Realm> [i]"This kind of tastes like something we've got, <??? "taswine">. It's mostly fermented sugars, right ?" She artfully avoids questions that are overly complex. She also seems befuddled by whatever bar foods are out, each stranger than the last to her.
>>
No. 936121 ID: 3732a8

For the most part, the bar food looks like the food she had been making, since Rivers was practically running this place for Red and Gold. And she did her best to explain everything.

“Well, I’v never heard of Tasswine, but what you’re drinking now is a bit special, since I don’t know how many flowers we have for honey to make more.”
>>
No. 936123 ID: 7dd512
File 156075916887.jpg - (762.52KB , 627x887 , 09dded1f26dc3831e5db667d10d460d7355df1f3.jpg )
936123

rolled 3, 9, 3, 8, 9, 7, 10, 5, 7, 10, 9, 6, 10, 4, 6, 4, 7, 1, 7, 7, 10, 6, 6, 2, 8, 8, 4, 8, 6, 3 = 193

>>936121
She goes to speak, but her back goes rigid and her eyes grow wide immediately following a hiccup. She closes her lips, tries to keep composure, and plasters on a smile while three more proceed behind closed lips. She takes in a breath, opening her mouth to see if any more follow, and asks Rivers in all earnestness, <Old Realm> "Ohh, so is honey the byproduct of something quite rare ?" out of politeness sake she'd go to slowly nurse more of the mead then, chipping slowly at it as not to let it go to waste. "Ohh, no wait, the second injunctive form of ... Is a flowers supposed to be the best of something or is that something different ? Or .. no third injuctive form with, no anterior declaration." She takes the long way about eventually just asking, "So what is a flower then ? Or what is a flower of that makes honey." One more hiccup proceeds. It's ... entirely likely that this alchemical is a tiny bit of a light weight, a tiny bit tipsy and about 100% likely to be snoozing before we make it out of the tavern.
>>
No. 936125 ID: 3732a8

“Alright, how to explain this. Flowers are kind of like a plant that’s really colorful, but because they’re plants they can’t move, so the make a sweet syrup to get bugs to help them reproduce by coming and taking the syrup. The typical bug is bees, who live in a hive, and they process that syrup into honey, and people take that and use it as sugar, since that’s what it kind of is.

“But, the place normally has a yellow sun and a night time, and I don’t know how that will effect the plants, since they can be sensitive to the lighting. And all the new predators going after native animals.” She didn’t really understand the way she was being asked at all, but she lived out in the woods as enough animals that ate sap to know about how flowers and honey worked

She thought about it, and this torso probably wasn’t used to sleeping in the dirt, so she should actually sleep in one of the beds in the Tavern for her sake, especially since she looks really tired.
>>
No. 936127 ID: 7dd512

rolled 5, 5, 10, 7, 1, 10, 2, 8, 10, 4, 2, 3, 2, 2, 9, 3, 1, 7, 3, 2, 9, 1, 7, 4, 2, 9, 3, 2, 8, 1 = 142

>>936125
This whole conversation does seem fascinating to her, and she remarks on a few of the types of insects she knows about to compare, primarily roaches, spiders and flies, as well as a few offshots that would be unknown here. It's also becomes obvious that she's forcing more conversation from herself to keep awake, but when that eventually comes to a halt, she'd zonk out pretty hard. At some point she would murmur, "If you don't see me breathing, that's normal, no need to fret." And if left still or alone long enough, she'd hold true to that, zonked out hard. No breathing, but those with excellent perception or proximity might still notice the slow rhythmic lull of a heartbeat, slowed while in rest and as a point of clarification, she might indeed drool in her sleep.
>>
No. 936136 ID: 54735b

Well then, there was only one thing to do if she's already fallen asleep. Take that nap that she mentioned to be bright and ready to deal with the rest of the council. So, she picked up the sleeping Alchemical as gingerly as a Dex 4 person possibly can, and plopped down into a bed with her, asking someone to go down and wake her up after the Tomescu howl as she tries to get comfortable in the first actual bed she's slept in in a long time.
>>
No. 936145 ID: 8d924c

Red and Gold doesn't persist when it becomes clear that his queries are unwanted. Instead he moves to make nice with the diplomats, recalling his marottes and assigning them to the task of erecting simple shelter for them and the tribe that has arrived so suddenly. Nothing terribly permanent, merely cover from the elements, before he sends them back to the task of building a granary and then establishing a quarry and forge.

Once the diplomatic sorts seem sorted out, he returns to the inn for a night's rest himself. The negotiations would have to continue tomorrow.
>>

rolled 3, 4, 9, 3, 8, 10, 5, 7, 1, 5, 1, 2, 4, 4, 5, 5, 1, 1, 5, 10, 3, 2, 9, 7, 10, 5, 5, 7, 8, 10, 7, 5, 1, 7, 7, 8, 8, 9, 8, 7, 8, 8, 2, 10, 8, 2, 10, 2, 7, 5 = 288

With Lumie taken care of (and off drinking with Rivers) and diplomacy wrapping up for the night, Lute will see if she can leverage her shiny baubles and her connection to interim warchief Rivers to get some alone time with Creeping Hunter as he recuperates.

If she's successful, she's going to take the chance to study his moonsilver tattoos, with the idea of possibly getting (or making) some for Rivers later. Assuming she can do so without being seen by any of the representatives from Aketon, she'll break out her crafting arm, and the Shard Fallen for scans. (Not rolling for artifact design yet, just for examination). Willing to throw whatever personal motes I have left (after using Efficient Secretary Technique >>936040 ) on the attempt (justified that this might be the first step in creating art, and the information gleaned may harm the Silver Pact later).

After that, Lute will head to bed herself.
>>
No. 936342 ID: 304f7c

rolled 10, 1, 9, 3, 7, 3, 6, 7, 4, 3, 7, 10, 5, 4, 6, 7, 2, 3, 3, 5, 1, 10, 8, 2, 3, 4, 4, 2, 10, 4 = 153

Once Hundred Sweetly Flowing Rivers leaves the three beastmen...

"Get up! Stop groveling, you are embarrassing us all." Grizzlemaw hisses at Marthog

"Wha- Wha- Wait is she gone? Already? I just started and she left! This isn't how I wanted it to go." Marthog pouts. "Well at least the danger has passed."

"That is where you are wrong Marthog. We have not avoided disaster just yet. Hundred Sweetly Flowing Rivers is mighty warrior and I am certain her friends are as shrewd diplomats as she is strong. For now Marthog bring up the supply wagons out of the tunnel. Grizzlemaw instruct the army to erect the camp here. I'll go and form scouting parties and try to see what our situation really is. Any objections?" He asks, which is responded by a couple shakes of their heads, "Remember Marthog keep your lips shut tight. We can't let any information slip." Kakrox says this while patting them on their shoulders. "I'm sure you two will do fine, horned goddess willing."

The three of them nod to each other in a show of respect and part their separate ways.

Marthog shoots off to the tunnel nearby where some beastmen with picks are taking some much needed rest. Taking turns sipping water from a ladle thanks to a nearby water bucket.
"Alright boys and girls that is enough break time! We are setting camp here. While Creeping Hunter of Mortal Men out of it you got me to listen to. So let do this together you guys!"
They set to work by placing a pair of large cuts of wood into the spokes of the wagon's two front wheel and two back wheels creating a rudimentary litter. The now porters heave and heft and carry wagon after wagon of supplies out of the dark tunnel. All under Marthog's diligent eye until they get to the wagons carrying the barrels of water for the army. Either due to sheer exhaustion or all the weight of water one of the workers collapses and the wagon begins a dangerous tilt. Marthog is quick to respond and shoulders the large wooden pole and yells, "Get him out of here!" As the wagon rights itself and begins moving forward again two beastmen collect the tired worker and another is soon found to take his place. Marthog continues laboring on as the smell of musk, fur wet with sweat and unwashed bodies fills her nostrils every breath she takes. Soon the wagons are all brought out and set around the tunnel entrance. She makes sure the rations and tents are being handed out properly before heading off. I wonder who is still up outisde of camp. There are lots of strange people surely one of them is still there. I sure hope that 'Sweet' Rivers girl is still around. I want to make sure she gets inducted properly.

Meanwhile Grizzlemaw has set to work erecting a camp. "Alright you grubs! Once those supplies get here I want you setting up a proper war camp. If I see one tent out of order that will be ten lashes for the one who set it up. In the mean time start collecting wood and digging a trench around the proximity of the camp. What do you mean the trees are made out of metal? I don't give a shit, figure how to chop it down yourself. No lazing about or I will give you a lashing myself."
This is how Grizzlemaw earned his respect by being the toughest motherfucker in the tribe. Well at least maybe as tough as that useless Warmaster he thought to himself. That Rivers might be the ticket to a new change in leadership he thought. He wondered why she didn't finish Creep right then and there. Oh well, never trust an outsider to follow through on things. He made sure to tell each captain their duties and before long the camp was starting to take shape. "Hey the two of you grab a stretcher and come with me," he led them to Creep and spit on the ground nearby him. "Useless," he muttered under his breath. If he was going to be defeated so easily what purpose did he serve to the tribe? He escorted Creep's unconscious body back to the Warmaster's large black and red tent. He told the two stretcher bearers to guard the entrance. As his work was wrapping up he went to go sleep in the war council's tent. He took his time noting the meal pots being set up and the confusion surrounding the strange flora among the guards.

Kakrox gathered 40 beastmen and divided them into 8 parties of 5. "Alright listen up lads I'm sending each of you out in different directions. North, North-East, East, and so on understand? Listen don't fight don't even make contact just run back here first sight of trouble. I expect everyone back here by tomorrow night. Understand? Just a day of scouting. Give your full reports in the War Council's tent. Please no heroics or stepping on any of our new neighbors tails. We don't need any more conflicts than we already have. We are flying blind here we need this information badly. Now go." He then went to one of his most trusted men and in a hushed voice whispered. "Follow Hundred Flowing Sweet Rivers. We desperately need to know more about our new champion. Keep your distance I don't know how she'll react if you are found." Nothing more was said and the two of them parted like nothing had happened.
>>
No. 936346 ID: f57349

After most of the people in town have settled down for the "night," (the green sun remains directly overhead as always, while the blood-red moon hangs low over what's still thought of as the northern horizon, bright crimson on her lower two-thirds and dark brown above) rain begins to fall.

It's only a slow, gentle drizzle, but freezing cold, and in fact crusts of ice begin to accumulate on exposed surfaces. It's also intensely hallucinogenic on skin contact.

Everybody still actively participating, please attach to your next post some sort of map, at least part of which you drew yourself. Doesn't have to be pretty, but it should include your own character's current location, at least two more fixed landmarks than the previous player's map (so if you want to be lazy and minimalist, you'd better hurry), some useful information about whatever's between those points, and no direct contradiction of previously-established detail. Scale can be 12-mile-wide hexes, floor plans for a specific building or campsite, or anywhere in between.
>>
No. 936356 ID: 54735b
File 156092275732.png - (75.12KB , 499x399 , Map.png )
936356

Because someone has to kick the DB line back into life and nobody else seems willing to do it.

As Sesus Xanin was escorting Unambiguous Waxing Dell and Fanged Flair Effuligence to her office to discuss politics and the like, one of the few things marked maximum priority finally came due as an Agata that frequented the spa came with a map to be hand delivered to one of the humans, a front line archer by the name of Gerard, for passing it along to Xanin personally.

And by the time that the commotion with the jeweled steed was done, the DB party was one lighter as FFE had gone missing in the blink of an eye.

But, the Agata had gotten a good map at least out of it.

(Legend, the fixed points that we already have labeled are the nameless village, the old copper mine, the biogenesis lab, and Sesus Xanin's Manse, which are a village, hilly icon, wizard's tower, and castle respectively. I added Candlepoint to one of the hexes next to the Avarice River, and a whole network of Forester society outposts (though only a small number of which are active at any given time), and the transporte routes that they take to get lumber back to the Manse in the Demon City. I also added a fixed location for the mountain that the lawship is parked on.
>>
No. 936357 ID: f57349

>>936356
Line leading west from Aketon should be the Kingfisher River, not a road, and should curve north, leaving a full hex of trackless forest between it and the copper mine rather than coming adjacent. Road leading between Aketon and the wood demesne should be straight rather than hooked. Two hexes between that road and the Avarice River are full of relatively steep and rocky hills, which is why the road doesn't simply hug the shore.

Lawship is parked in the penthouse dome of a high-class residential tower in a hex adjacent to Sesus Xanin's manse, on the city side of the border, not a mountain seventy miles away on the forest side.
>>
No. 936359 ID: 54735b
File 156092545484.png - (108.71KB , 501x398 , Map.png )
936359

>>
No. 936366 ID: 304f7c
File 156092688434.png - (12.96MB , 2357x3236 , Scan_20190610 (2).png )
936366

A nervous worker approaches Marthog. "I drew up the tunnels like you asked me to." He shakily hands the parchment off.

"Thanks, I hold onto it." She inspects the work. "I take it the triangle things are the village and the blue thing is the portal we came in. What is the X at the top?"

"Oh that is where we started the tunnel. As it is now it is a days march to the village."

"Great I know just where to put this," as she places it in her satchel.
>>
No. 936367 ID: 304f7c
File 156092750898.png - (0.99MB , 770x985 , Scan_20190618 (4).png )
936367

"Sir I have the basic plans for the camp!" this errant captain has interrupted Grizzlemaw's nap.

"Shut up! Leave it on the table and get out."
>>
No. 936376 ID: f57349

>>936366
How much distance does each of those squares correspond to?
>>
No. 936387 ID: 7dd512
File 156095588308.png - (4.80MB , 2300x1432 , exlt_rng2.png )
936387

rolled 10, 8, 3, 4, 7, 9, 8, 7, 2, 4, 7, 8, 1, 9, 9, 10, 10, 2, 1, 1, 8, 2, 3, 3, 1, 4, 7, 9, 6, 6 = 169

Lumie will be asleep for a while due to exhaustion and won't likely be present during night time negotiations

(( Geopgraphical Map. Hexes are 12 miles long between parallel lines on hexes, creation is 50 miles in diameter except where its waters have spilled out into ajoining hexes. Use it if you want, or don't. ))
>>
No. 936411 ID: 5f0ee2
File 156097275830.png - (93.47KB , 751x751 , Map_numbered.png )
936411

rolled 6, 3, 3, 7, 4, 9, 6, 2, 5, 4, 8, 3, 5, 3, 2, 4, 6, 7, 1, 9, 2, 8, 1, 3, 5, 1, 2, 3, 8, 1 = 131

>>935215
Would it be appropriate to suggest that, after the arrival of the DoM, the ghost was distracted and/or otherwise persuaded to hesitate long enough to allow Bridget to approach?

>>935224
Bridget, anxious and on edge, watched the preparations for the duel. The arrival of this third party, and the subsequent disruption that caused, could very easily threaten their chances for a stronger, more unified set of people and resources. There was no telling how the outcome of the fight woul- oh look, it's already over.

Bridget moved to go help, confidence bolster by Rivers request, before the exalt, amputee, and sorcerer all beat her to it.

As we transitioned to creating shelter, especially with the weather worsening, Bridget thought it wise to use some of the malfean vegetation to erect metal walls, erecting walls to keep out any undesirable phenomena.

Using CNNT and the first craft excellency to quickly patch structures with metal sheeting, ensuring there wouldn't be any leaks or drips in their makeshift campsite.

Assuming the groups are sleeping separately, where to the party lines fall?
>>
No. 936412 ID: 5f0ee2
File 156097283771.png - (112.23KB , 501x398 , Map_numbered.png )
936412

>>936411
Didn't add any landmarks, just numbers. This second one is a cropped version since I forgot to take care of that in the original.
>>
No. 936426 ID: 304f7c

>>936376
I am bad with scale but each square should be about 100 meters
>>
No. 936431 ID: afdebc
File 156098366263.png - (7.78KB , 800x600 , A Slice of Devil's Cake.png )
936431

rolled 3, 4, 6, 1, 9, 7, 5, 10, 4, 10, 9, 5, 8, 6, 4, 9, 1, 7, 1, 2 = 111

>map
For a change of pace, here's a side view. (I'm not sure how thick one of Malfeas' layers is supposed to be, or how far down the Creation-zone hits Malfean bedrock)?

>>936346
>while the blood-red moon hangs low over what's still thought of as the northern horizon
Praise be to the Blood Moon! Ululaya is generous to grace us with her light. *Prayer roll*

>>936411
Dutiful Topaz pauses, admiring the reflection before her in the burnished face of the "temporary" shelter wrought by Twilight craftmanship. A moment later she reaches out, gently rapping it with her hand, playing out a soft-steel-drum melody, communicating her approval without words.

If we're figuring out where our characters spent the night, I think Lute will grab one of the metal shelters, tagging along with Bridget. At least until they're woken by the song of rain on the not-tun roof.
>>
No. 936468 ID: 54735b

rolled 5, 4, 1, 10, 10, 6, 10, 9, 9, 10, 1, 2, 1, 6, 9, 2, 4, 2, 3, 1 = 105

After a nice long rest, Rivers woke out, and was going to go out, but she decided first to peek her head out and see how long the rains were going to last. She didn't normally mind getting wet, but she had a hunch that this wasn't something she would want to be caught for too long.

But, the Inn was mostly dead, the few vagabonds that stayed in here and drank all day having long since gone to sleep. But, she had heard that Red and Gold came in before she fell asleep. So, if she's suddenly got a long time to kill, she might as well work on her shortcomings that she knows about, and he was both the smartest person that she knew that wasn't Mother Bog, and her skill as a teacher for the simpler things was questionable at best, even if she knew them. (Plus, she hadn't had the chance to really appreciate Lutes 6 Int +6 Lore/Occult compared to Red and Gold's 5s)

Plus, she always seemed to pick up exactly what she wanted around him.
>>
No. 936480 ID: 8d924c
File 156100222049.png - (20.03KB , 1559x820 , rushedpic.png )
936480

rolled 6, 2, 9, 6, 6, 7, 3, 1, 7, 1, 2, 4, 10, 2, 2, 9, 2, 8, 4, 6, 5, 5, 2, 10, 4, 9, 10, 10, 3, 5 = 160

>>936468
Red and Gold comes thumping up the stairs from the basement, muttering something as he nearly fumbles a handful of sketches and notes he's produced at some point.

The teodozjia sits by the bar, clearly expecting his arrival, but goes ignored as Red and Gold turns to Rivers.

"My Celestial friend. How good to see you. I was just reviewing some of my thoughts on how to achieve protection for the people here. I am thinking that I will be sponsoring a school. For those residents of the demon realm who tragically lack critical knowledge which would be vital to their advancement. Medicine, and the arts of thaumaturgy. Particularly for the less gifted demons. Marottes, and firmin, for example. I'm still considering names, though. The Wise Marotte's Academy of Medicine and Geomancy? Perhaps you can assist me!"

(Will work on producing something more as far as mapping goes, but didn't want to leave Rivers hanging.)
>>
No. 936481 ID: f57349

>>936426
That would make the overall cavern map a little bit under 8km x 11km, or over thirty square miles. Main section the tribe is camped out in looks like it's somewhere in the ballpark of one square mile, which conveniently is just the right size for a district grid by the Pathfinder kingdom-building rules. A notably successful tribe with a strong leader could plausibly be up to 2000 people, though that's near the limit of what tribal organization can manage without splintering, so you could have up to eight 225-meter-square lots filled with buildings per https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/kingdom-building/settlements/buildings#TOC-Building-Descriptions Probably only five single lots, corresponding to the five tents on the map there, and even then, considering how recently the Red Horns arrived, more than half of it would need to effectively be pre-existing infrastructure built by an underground community you conquered on arrival.

Cavern terrain must be very rough going indeed if even the nimble-footed goat people consider about 8km of travel, along tunnels wide as football fields, to be a full day's hike. That the caves are so wide implies correspondingly high arched ceilings, for structural stability, which would also help explain why the best spot for digging upward being a dead end relatively far from camp - though that might have been motivated by security concerns, too.
>>
No. 936482 ID: 6a05f7

“Well,” Rivers was actually pleasantly surprised that she had seemed to be on the same wavelength with him for once. “I guess that’s good news. I mean, I don’t know anything about any of that, but I was actually looking for you to ask to teach me as much as possible for the next good long while while it’s too busy raining something that obviously isn’t water out there.”

As she was talking she sat down at one of the empty tables, deciding against giving the Teodzija head scratches, since she wasn’t sure if that would be rude or not.
>>
No. 936484 ID: 8d924c

>>936482

"Of course, of course! I would be glad to assist you. Do you have any thoughts on where to begin? Should I find some reading for you? I'm far from my library right now, but maybe I can find something."

Red and Gold drops the stack of papers he's carrying onto the bar.
>>
No. 936486 ID: 6a05f7

Rivers took a moment to ponder what exactly she did want to start off learning. There was an awful lot of palaces to start, but eventually she came to an idea.

“Well, I guess learning how to read would probably be a good first thing to learn, especially if reading is particularly important for learning the rest of the lessons.”
>>
No. 936490 ID: f57349

>>936342
Four successes on the Appearance + Backing roll, maybe one more from willpower. Looks like the spy has five dots across relevant skills. First dot in Athletics, Awareness, and Socialize, and two dots in Survival, don't count against the budget because probably every adult in the tribe has at least that much. Stealth, Larceny, Integrity, and Investigation might also be worth selecting for, and given the limited pool to choose from I'm not inclined to allow any skills at the 5-dot level.
>>
No. 936506 ID: 304f7c
File 156101385988.png - (426.54KB , 671x489 , Earthen Mound.png )
936506

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. It was the sound of the beastmen digging a trench with a berm all around the perimeter around the camp. They worked long and hard that is until the weather took a turn for the worst. Accustomed to time in the cold they knew the best thing to do is get out of it. They returned to the large commons tents. Gathering around the fires in the heart of the tents and setting to sleep for the day.
>>
No. 936517 ID: 7dd512

Olgotary
- 1 Autocrat - Hiro
- 4 Plutarch
- 1 Regulator Chief
- 40 Regulators - Including Regulator Slee

Theomarchracy
- 1 Celebrant
- 1 Senior Preceptor - Nisei
- 6 Preceptors of Mog
- 4 Reach Clerics
- 2 Preceptors
- 4 Lectors
- 1 Drone
- 2 Clerics

Sodalites
- 4 Luminors
- 6 Conductors
- 5 Harvesters
- 4 Scholars
- 5 Surgeons
- 2-6 Additional Demiurges (Depending on other players interests) - Including Surgeon Mills

Champions
- Blessed of Mog (Starmetal Caste) - Luminous Alacrity Recursing in the Reaches
- And more (Count pending on other players interests)

Populate
- Approximately 320, mostly in technical, engineering and research fields.

Allied and cohabitating with 70 local Jadeborn:
- 2 Artisan Caste
- 12 Warrior Caste
- 56 Worker Caste
>>
No. 936557 ID: 8d924c
File 156105955380.png - (118.45KB , 501x398 , proposedlocations.png )
936557

rolled 8, 1, 6, 5, 2, 7, 3, 3, 9, 6, 7, 8, 2, 3, 1, 4, 7, 3, 8, 4, 3, 10, 9, 10, 7, 4, 7, 2, 3, 7 = 159

>>936346
>>936486
(Mapping update: Red circle depicts current location of Red and Gold. Red X is a possible location of Red and Gold's Manse. Purple splotches are areas whose geomancy should be surveyed for potential- if there's a bit of Hrotsvitha with good chances for a demesne engineering project, it would take priority as a location to build school facilities, as this would be a component of the curriculum. Especially if any potential is to be found in the border area. A dual Creation/Malfeas demesne may be exotic enough that even in the First Age it wasn't ever completed. Although it's very likely something that has been attempted. Construction materials for structures should use a mixture of Creation material and Malfean resources, in the hopes of provoking spiritual elements in the Malfean material.)

Red and Gold looks shocked to learn this about Rivers, but quickly recovers.

"Oh dear, my friend, you don't know how to read? Well, we should start with Old Realm. While it may not be the easiest language to read, it is the most broadly used by scholars, and there is more accurate material available. Of course, here in Malfeas, it is the most commonly used language as well, in the Malfean dialect. Here, let me draw out the symbols for you..."

Red and Gold begins sketching out the odd symbolic characters which compose Old Realm script on a scroll for Rivers, pointing out the combinations they make as he goes.

Simultaneously, he activated Verdant Emptiness Endowment in response to her wish to read in order to speed up the process. He didn't have infinite time, after all!
>>
No. 936561 ID: 3cb328

“It was never really something I needed, either in the time training to be in the military, as a barmaid, or while traveling the world as a rogue Anathema.”

She noticed that he was shocked. She was, after all, still good at things like that at least. But she didn’t understand it since it wasn’t like most anybody else could read or write, and between everyone else here, they were possibly the highest population density that she had ever seen of literacy.

But, as the magic took hold, while it would be a while before she really grasped the nuances of the written language, she at least found it easy enough to get a hang of the almost 100 different pictures that old Realm used for an alphabet.

(-3 exp for Lore 1)

“So, I’m guessing that that school you’re planning on opening is to teach people how to do your job? I mean, you can’t be in a bunch of places at once, and I doubt that sorcery or engineering is a super common skill set for people even here.”
>>
No. 936567 ID: d9acdc
File 156106609785.png - (74.39KB , 987x750 , Town Grid.png )
936567

Okay, lets follow the rules this time. Attached is a town grid laid out for Kingmaker rules. Square seven has a temple, which is the converted inn Seven Broken Wings of Red and Gold is working out of. Square fifteen has squatters that were mentioned in the discord. What penalties do they inflict on town leadership? Would tenement housing be an improvement for us in any way, mechanically speaking?

>>936468
>>936480
Sounds like Rivers is staying in the square seven of the nameless town with Red and Gold, rather than in the makeshift camp that has become the meeting zone.

>>936506
The redhorn tribe seems to be turning the neutral zone into their own fortified territory, assumedly with Creeping Hunter of Mortal Men joining them. Bridget would have offered her help with the makeshift metal shelters.

How's his condition looking? Did Seven Broken Wings of Red and Gold manage to heal him with a demon?

>>936431
With Lute staying in one of ruined huts re-enforced by the Forge Trolls metalworking, I'm not sure where Luminous Alacrity sleeps tonight. With Lute? Back in town with Rivers?

I'm guessing the NPCs diplomats are in their own shelter, unless they want to stay with Bridget and Lute? It's also worth considering where Morse is; she likely would have stuck by Rivers, so if the diplomacy continues in the morning it may be left to Bridget and Lute.
>>
No. 936578 ID: afdebc

That night, after her meeting with a star-clad stranger from another world, and before waking to the cacophony of ecstatic rain on a metal roof, Lute Silhouette dreamed.

A strange whirling pastiche of lovers and romance past- endings joyous and tragic, a strange dance of emotions, none of them her own, but all driven and powerful, to whatever ends they led.

The dream changed, as dreams do. No longer a fluid cocktail, it stabilizes on the presence of one woman, a golden star upon her brow, a love of language on her tongue, and a true friendship in her heart. To some minds, a thing a simple and plain as friendship, no matter how powerful, would pale before true love... but it is more personal, more significant, more real.

Her friend fades, and the dream is replaced with memory. Of a day become night, a quill in hand, and a confession inked in ash and tears.

>>936567
>I'm not sure where Luminous Alacrity sleeps tonight
Rivers dragged Lummie back to the inn to cuddle.
>>
No. 936598 ID: 8d924c

>>936561

Red and Gold shakes his head at that.

"No, while we may train them in similar professions in the future, sorcery is illegal for Demons of the First Circle. The purpose of the school is to start constructing infrastructure that will hold up to the dangers of the Demon Realm. But that will take a long time. Generations, most likely. So, we have to create something that will ensure that knowledge gets passed on. And when you say people, do you mean humans, like us, or demons? I intend to start with marottes and firmin. Demons who lack the same intellectual gifts as other varieties but who have gifts which would lend themselves to exceptional craftwork."
>>
No. 936609 ID: 0598d6

"Well, that is a conundrum. I guess I'm kind of aware of how to build military outposts, but I don't know much of anything about building something to survive this place. But, I'm willing to help set that about. But honestly, this place seems really big, and like it would be really hard to notice if a single demon or so learnt magic, especially if they used it sparingly and away from prying eyes.

"As for what I meant by people, a bit of column A, a bit of column B really. I mean, sure they aren't people, but from what I've seen in the last week, a lot of demons are at least as smart as people, and they can probably learn as well as a person, so why not include demons when talking about people in the context of a school?"
>>
No. 936613 ID: 8d924c

>>936609
Red and Gold pauses, listening, before he continues, musing.

"Well, that wasn't precisely what I meant, but I suppose we could discuss the differences between humans and demons. A human is a physical body inhabited by an upper and lower soul. A hun and po. After death, the upper soul sometimes lingers and becomes a ghost, while the lower soul sometimes remains as what is known as a hungry ghost. And then those who are Chosen, like you, gain a third part to the equation. The Exaltation, sometimes called the Second Breath or the Third Soul. Yours was the work of Luna. But demons, demons are different. They never had a physical body as a human did, and their soul was never in two parts. They are crafted in one piece by the Primordials for some purpose. The Primordials themselves are nothing like humanity at all. I simply wished to clarify what you meant when you said, well, people. It could mean so many different things, after all."
>>
No. 936618 ID: 0598d6

"I understood some of that. Not a lot," that was an Occult 2-3 at least answer, "but I know what Hungry Ghosts are at least. But, the talk about the Exalted doesn't really make sense. I mean, Dragon Blooded are chosen at birth by the Dragons, so wouldn't their exaltation be in them when they're born already, and then they'd always have three souls?"
>>
No. 936622 ID: 304f7c

rolled 10, 5, 9, 4, 6, 9, 7, 10, 3, 5, 5, 2, 10, 5, 3, 9, 3, 4, 3, 3, 9, 10, 7, 5, 8, 3, 2, 1, 6, 8 = 174

Bargux

Strength 3 Dexterity 2 Stamina 3
Charisma 2 Manipulation 3 Appearance 2
Perception 3 Intelligence 1 Wits 3

Skills:
Athletics 1
Awareness 1
Socialize 1
Survival 2
Stealth 1
Larceny 2
Integrity 1
Investigation 1

It was almost time to eat when Kakrox pulled Bargux aside and gave him the mission to follow the new champion. He wasn't too pleased with it considering he just watched his target slam the Warmaster into a rock. "I don't think that poor bastard is ever getting up from that." He said it and soon realized he was talking to himself again. "Stop that. It's a bad habit for a spy to have." He pulled on his cloak and adjusted the collar nervously. "Okay step one. What is step one again?" He puzzled on this question for quite some time. "Oh right all I have to do is follow that Rivers woman. Easy! Wait, where did she go again?" He craned his neck left and right peering out of the camp. "Oh shoot, okay relax all I have to do is follow her trail I can do that. Right? I just have to follow her foot prints and smell. Soon enough I'll find her!" He spoke very enthusiastically almost forgetting how opposed he was to his task mere moments before. He went to the circle and attempted to pick up on Hundred Flowing Sweet Rivers's trail.
>>
No. 936623 ID: 8d924c

>>936618
"The Dragonblooded work differently. Their power doesn't travel with a shard, and doesn't leave their body on their death. It runs in their blood. Their upper and lower soul may pass through Lethe and be reincarnated, but there is no continuation for them after death, aside from as a ghost. The Dragonblooded were fashioned as the army which served under the Solar Exalted. Once there were millions of them. All with bloodlines purer than the most potent of the Dragonblooded we know today. The Realm and Lookshy are nothing but pale imitations of the Shogunate, let alone the First Age."
>>
No. 936627 ID: 0598d6

"Well yeah, I may not be really smart, but I don't think there isn't a person that grew up in Lookshy that doesn't know that the Dragon Blooded were slaves to the empires of the Anathema before most of them were killed throwing off their chains, and that one of the reasons that you can't marry up into one of the Gentes is because they're hard at work repairing the thousands of years of damage that the Anathema did by introducing mortals into their bloodlines to keep them easier to control long term."
>>
No. 936637 ID: afdebc
File 156108779208.png - (4.55KB , 189x203 , Castes.png )
936637

No map this time, but I went and drew up some more caste / aspect marks in the same resolution as >>865044 for easy character markers to copy-paste onto maps.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uh3aem70r5r6hgt/AACxBE36iuQefnl77tYvCbLAa?dl=0

(Haven't got to the complicated Alchemical gears yet, but they're probably coming).
>>
No. 936643 ID: 8d924c

>>936627
"Well. That's a complex one to tackle. The 'Anathema' never introduced mortal bloodlines into the Dragonblooded, as far as I'm aware. There were certainly some very harsh punishments for 'introducing mortal bloodlines' at one point, though. They did it to themselves. A failure of mortality, I suppose. I'm not quite sure how to explain this all. I assumed that like me, you would have, well, remembered parts of it. I don't think this was something they ever covered in my education. The difference between what we remember. I know that my last incarnation was weak, and young. Was yours even present in the First Age? Or was that even further back, for you? They never captured the Lunars. I know enough history to know that much..."
>>
No. 936646 ID: 0598d6

"I have a few memories from what I assumed were past lives, but only one of them is really standout as a memory, and that was turning into a dragon and holding the line against what I can only assume are the Dragon Blooded during the uprising. The rest are just kind of emotions and urges I guess you could call them."

"But, I did come up with a theory that Anathema are fundamentally important to how the world works, so they're always selected for reincarnation regardless of what atrocities they've committed as some kind of backdoor reincarnation rule from the ones you normally hear about."
>>
No. 936652 ID: 8d924c

>>936646
"My memories are nearly as clear as everything that's happened to, well, this version of me. Once I focus on them. Unfortunately, they aren't as complete as what some others have access to, but they're enough. Enough to confirm things I might have realized on my own. Enough to be sure. So I'll tell you a story, as honestly as I can. The Primordials, who created Creation as we know it, were usurped. It was a plan executed by their creations, the Incarna, and two of their siblings who defected, Gaia, and Autocthon. The Incarna, of course, being the Unconquered Sun, Luna, and the Five Maidens. Autocthon built a weapon, the Exaltation, along with the Incarna, and each of them fashioned it to produce warriors from humanity. Three hundred Solars, three hundred Lunars, and a hundred Sidereals. Gaia helped build the army they would lead, the Dragonblooded. When they won, having convinced the surviving Primordials to surrender, they mutilated them, trapping them all within the body of their king. Malfeas. Where we also now reside. The Solar Exalted were granted rulership over Creation by the Incarna, and built the grand empires you may have heard of. I suppose you know how that ended."

Red and Gold stares at the teodozjia, as if expecting it to contradict him.
>>
No. 936654 ID: 0598d6

"Well, I guess I'll just have to trust you on that, since I just know the Immaculate word on it other than that. Honestly, I know that there's probably a lot of biased information from the Immaculate Philosophy, and I kind of wish I was smarter to start untangling all that on my own."
>>
No. 936656 ID: 8d924c

>>936654
"The Immaculate word on it being the line the Sidereals came up with to excuse what they did to us. Orchestrating our murders, all on the same day. During a feast that was meant to prevent violence. Allowing the Great Contagion and the Balorian Crusade to nearly succeed in wiping out everything. No, I don't have much respect for the Immaculate line."

Red and Gold continues to stare at the teodozjia, drumming his fingers on the counter. Activating Verdant Emptiness Endowment again is an afterthought.
>>
No. 936657 ID: 0598d6

"I still don't know what a sidereal is. I mean, you keep talking about them like they're common knowledge, and maybe it's one of those supernatural things that I'm trying to learn here, but wasn't it the Dragonblooded that did the uprising, and just a freak plague that lead to all that other stuff happening?"
>>
No. 936661 ID: f57349

>>936172
Five successes, so now you've got an adequate overview of what the tattoos are and how they work, roughly equivalent to reading a charm or artifact's stat block in one of the books. The tattoos are a form of language (clawspeak) which you don't know how to read yet, they protect the Lunar's body (but not mind or spirit) from Shaping effects through an imperishable record of identity and deeds. With bearer's consent they can interface with other similar tattoos to, among other things, record debts and favors.

Having examined a working copy firsthand is also a significant improvement over operating off of rumors. I'll count that as five successes toward formulating a new lunar tattoo paradigm, meaning you now know one of the exotic ingredients which would be needed: a 3-dot Space-Warping Needle, per MoEP: Infernals p. 178, to convey moonsilver ink beneath the skin without external injury.

Thanks to your mentor and manse archives, it's recognizable as at least partly Raksi's work. Obvious next place to look would be her design notes, presumably in the libraries at Sperimin.
>>
No. 936662 ID: f57349

>>936411
GURPS Low-Tech Companion 3: Daily Life and Economics says a preindustrial metallurgist can smelt about six pounds of soft metal per day. CNNT multiplies that by 12. Might have less than a full day to work, but on the other hand might have been setting this up further in advance. Plenty of raw materials in the form of fallen brass-wood from that blighted section of the Spawning Forest. Fabricating the metal into sheets and poles for crude tents probably isn't much harder than compact ingots. Figuring 72 pounds per day's work, optimistically assuming five square feet per pound of brass sheeting is structurally sound, that's 360 square feet, or about a 19' square, per 8 hours work smelting.

Metal's not the most efficient material for rapidly fabricating shelter, though. If you bought Craft (Wood) up to 4 dots, for 9XP and zero training time since it's in-caste, you'd be able to carve tentpoles from the malfean metal-wood directly instead of needing to smelt and cast them, and weave fabric instead of needing to hammer out sheet metal. In terms of square footage, five times as much coarse cloth (suitable for tents) could be produced per day's work, given adequate raw materials.
>>

rolled 8, 7, 8, 1, 7, 4, 7, 10, 6, 2, 7, 3, 1, 8, 3, 8, 10, 8, 8, 2 = 118

>>936578
Lute wakes, disturbed and unsettled. After a mome, she asks the image of a spider, hiding within the brass wall. "The book. Where is it?" Efficient Secretary Technique on the location of Oadenol’s Codex. I don't expect to find it, but it's on Lute’s mind.

She receives her answer and sits, thinking, watching the rain outside. Eventuall, she asks after the location of the delegation from Aketon.

So that's 4m for two EST activations, and copying Rivers, rolling to read the hell-weather.

>>936661
>Obvious next place to look would be her design notes, presumably in the libraries at Sperimin.
It was something of a given this project would attract the ire of elder lunars. Doing so before even completing the planning phase is a little ahead of schedule!
>>
No. 936684 ID: 5f3f48

In a completely different map hex, miles away from the Nameless Village...

"Excuse me, Commander?"

A Realm soldier stands at attention, clearly uncomfortable, addressing Sesus Xanin, before she could reach her office. A gesture from the Daughter of Hesiesh, he continues.

"A diplomatic envoy has arrived, sir. Another one, from the other side. Normally we'd have them wait as you're already receiving Exalted, but they're making a commotion about being seen immediately."

This a man who's clearly less than thrilled by the position he's been placed in, interrupting his exalted boss with this.

Stunting in Red and Gold's trade representative interrupting at SX's manse, to get the DB side of things unstuck. (If necessary I can throw Destiny 3 at forcing something to happen, but I think this is stuntable).
>>
No. 936692 ID: 8d924c

>>936657
"No, not common knowledge at all. You've probably never heard of them before now. They were Chosen of the Five Maidens. Monitors of Fate and the Loom. They reside in Heaven, Yu-Shan. And they are the architects of the Immaculate Order. Managing which gods receive worship. They are the true enemy, Rivers. But they won't know what we are doing here. Outside the eyes of Fate."
>>
No. 936702 ID: 3732a8

“If that’s the case, than wouldn’t that mean that Lute is the enemy to whatever cause you have, since I don’t know much about the Maidens, but I know Venus and her symbol from blue light districts, and she lit up with that symbol.

“But, I’m also personally convinced that she’s not going to stab me or anyone else that we care about in the back. Also, if they’re important, could you teach me about magical symbols next?”
>>
No. 936725 ID: 304f7c

rolled 7, 5, 6, 5, 9, 5, 8, 8, 8, 2, 3, 5, 6, 3, 7, 6, 8, 3, 10, 3, 4, 9, 7, 1, 10, 2, 10, 10, 5, 1 = 176

Bargux had managed to find Rivers's trail. "An easy feat for Bargux! After all I am the Red Horn's best spy." He hummed cheerily to himself. It was simple times like these following a trail that Bargux felt his happiest. Although he would never admit that, as spying was seen as somewhat underhanded in the tribe. He wasn't very popular, but out here alone he felt quite content. Disregarding whatever was happening in the sky above he pressed on. "Following, following, and following the trail is what Bargux does best. Uh wait where did it go?" He looked around unable to find it. "Maybe the trail went up it into this tree. There is something strange about the trees here I can't place my finger on it. Ugh! What am I supposed to do if I lose something? Oh that is right, retrace my steps starting at the beginning!" So he went all the way back to the start. He did not mind at all. He found the trail again and set off once more. After some time the trail stopped in front of a door to a building. "Blast! I lost the trail, didn't I? Do I really have to go back to the start again? I know, I can ask the people inside of this building! Huh, I haven't seen this building before. I wonder what is inside of it." He reached for the handle. "Wait! What does Kakrox always say about doors? Ummm, some story about things, and people with a- a- uhh a PLACE! Place, no A PACE! Something about paste? Ugh! All this thinking is making me thirsty maybe they have some ale inside. No wait! That is it Kakrox says spies have to go at a sneaky pace! Ha! I know just what I'll do. I'll open this door stealthily like." Sure enough he went to open the door as quietly as he could.
>>
No. 936726 ID: afdebc

rolled 6, 3, 6, 8, 6, 10, 3, 5, 8, 1, 10, 7, 5, 5, 8 = 91

>>936684
>>936356
Whups, I missed Gwen's post, mine makes sense if you assume it happened before the other.

>the DB party was one lighter as FFE had gone missing in the blink of an eye
The Emerald Dragon frowns, noticing her commander had slipped away in the confusion. Where did the bat slip off to...?

Rolling Perception 3 + Awareness 1 + Stunt to see if she noticed where FFE went. If that fails, rolling Essence 2 for the familiarity power from Sworn Brother's Oath.
>>
No. 936728 ID: 3732a8

rolled 2, 4, 9, 4, 1, 4, 2 = 26

It was always a risky proposition to open a creaking door to a mostly empty room while their query was already sitting in a chair facing said squeaky door, but really lucky people have gotten the drop on an Apex predator in worse circumstances than said predator being distracted learning how to read and about magic and the world at large.
>>
No. 936732 ID: 304f7c

rolled 9, 10, 9, 1, 4, 8, 5, 8, 4, 5 = 63

As Bargux 'Stealthily' opens the door a loud creaking sound can be heard. He takes a step inside and the floorboards creak under his weight. He then turns around and closes the door behind him with a resounding slam of the door. "Alright," he says aloud, "I have successfully made it inside undetected. Now to get that ale."
>>
No. 936735 ID: 10b783

"Hey, just because you're new around here doesn't mean you can just try to steal booze under my nose when the place is closed. Why do you even want booze, don't you have a bunch in the whole you crawled out from?"

It seems that the Red Council had neglected to realize that Rivers was probably at least familiar with the drunkards of the town, and the stranger standing before her was either from the new tribe that she was one of the Councilors of, or one of the delegates from Aketon, and the delegates struck her as the type to not go skulking about.

"But seriously, what are you actually doing here?"
>>
No. 936736 ID: 8d924c

>>936702
"I think perhaps that's a subject you should discuss with her, but first there's another thing I should cover, since it's important. The Dragonblooded aren't the only ones whose children can inherit power. Although it was never part of the original plan, the Chosen of the Incarna's children, particularly the children of powerful Chosen, sometimes inherit some of that power. Lunars are particularly well known for it, but it's true of Solars and Sidereals as well. And while your love and myself are, ah, newer varieties, I don't doubt that the same holds true. Of course, the Wyld Hunt doesn't distinguish, anyways. They would kill any of our children as readily as any of us. So it's best that they not have access to them. Just another reason this hunk of Creation falling into the Demon Realm could be to our advantage."

Red and Gold peers at Rivers, curious whether his attempt to deflect has worked.
>>
No. 936739 ID: 304f7c

rolled 7, 6, 1, 9, 3, 9, 8, 3, 4, 1 = 51

>>936735

"Oh shoot! She saw me!" Bargux was found out! How? He was being so stealthy. This was the moment Bargux lived for, relying on his sharp wit! "We do have a lot of Blue Fruit Cider but having the same thing over and over gets tiring. I thought I could just sneak off and this building was close by. Though I could find a tavern blindfolded if I had to. Is this place closed? My mistake, I thought it was open."
>>
No. 936740 ID: 10b783

rolled 6, 10, 8, 2, 5, 7, 10, 4, 6, 3 = 61

"Yeah, it's closed for the night. Also, you probably shouldn't lie to one of your councilors, because I don't know if you know this about me, but I can smell when people are lying to me."

She didn't look away from the newcomer even as she paid attention to what Red and Gold had to say.

"Doesn't everything you just said contradict everything else you've said, about how Exalted power comes from some kind of special soul that doesn't get passed down, and how all of the Exalted were made by gods a long time ago? If so, then how would that power be passed along a bloodline, and how would there be 'new' types of Anathema. Especially since that seems like exactly the kind of thing that everyone would have heard about."
>>
No. 936742 ID: 8d924c

>>936740
"It isn't so simple as the blood of the Dragons. They are not nearly as powerful as their parents. And it rarely lasts more than a single generation. Unless the Chosen is very powerful. And as to, well, new varieties. That's because they're not exactly new. I'll admit I don't quite understand the deathknights as well, but knowing the Neverborn had their hands on Solar Exaltations tells me more than enough about what they are. As for myself, well, I may not have access to the power granted by the Unconquered Sun, but I do have access to the power granted by my Primordial patrons. Does that explain anything for you?"

Red and Gold absentmindedly invokes the effects of Verdant Emptiness Endowment once more.
>>
No. 936744 ID: 304f7c

rolled 7, 6, 10, 9, 2, 5, 10, 2, 5, 7, 8, 2, 9, 3, 10, 10, 10, 6, 1, 5, 10, 4, 4, 1, 6, 10, 1, 1, 10, 3 = 177

>>936740
Someone can smell that? Bargux sniffs the air for his own lie. No doubt this is one of the greatest challenges as a spy Bargux has faced in his long career. He had a only a couple options left. Time to take the power back! On the brink of of real tears, "Can I- Can I- Can I stay in here? I don't want to wait outside in the freezing rain."
>>
No. 936753 ID: 10b783

"Yeah, that's fine, there's beds upstairs. I'm not as much of a monster as I like to pretend I am, and I'm not going to send anyone out into some rain of 'not water'."

(Occult 1 purchased, -3 EXP, (also Int 2, I marked that on my sheet, but forgot to post that in a post))

"Well, I guess it explains a bit, not a lot since I guess I don't really have a whole lot of context for the Primordials. I mean, I just kind of found out that they exist about five minutes ago when you told me, and if they're your patron, wouldn't that make sense to be reasonably skeptical about anything you tell me about them for the same reason I should be skeptical about the Immaculate Philosophy?"
>>
No. 936757 ID: 7dd512
File 156118775280.jpg - (809.67KB , 1000x1193 , 4d9b8716e79c76d5ba8f948e820cf737df6a77ea.jpg )
936757

rolled 2, 3, 2, 6, 5, 5, 4, 5, 3, 6, 5, 4, 7, 9, 4, 1, 1, 5, 8, 4, 10, 1, 5, 5, 2, 9, 5, 5, 3, 5 = 139

Lumie awakens some time later, the desperate need for good sleep showing in the coma like state she took. True to her warning, she lays almost motionlessly still while asleep, though to an astute observer, the autonomous flow of blood through her body continues at a steady pulse and her eyes might be caught shifting beneath her eyelids as part of that good, deep sleep. With a flutter of her eyelids, consciousness does return and the Alchemical ponders her state of things.

First order of business: self examination. Her eyes are sufficient to provide and adequate diagnostic in addition to her own sense of a state of well being. She feels better, but still hazy enough that the flows of essence within her feel muted, but at least abated. Overall, a better state here in this domicile than she had been in previous cycles. She wasn't fitful enough to disturb the drapings of clothes, so they'd do for now. Second order of business was to explore her environment. With some of her essence flows feeling more restores, she risks it to tinker with her own gravimetric flows, distorting space around her that her limited mobility would allow her to not only scale along the walls to peer out windows (via an elaborate contortion of rolls and wiggles) but she keeps her weight down enough not to crush said walls or cause them to unnecessarily creek. She even takes stock to listen against the walls, the ceiling and the like while she plots out moves for the future.

Would she hear any sound in the hallway or by the door indicative of iminent ingress, the facade would continue and she'd gingerly fall back to an appropriate orientation on the bed with nary but a bounce and tussle of hair to give away her capabilities. The most likely to make an entrance in any case would most likely be Rivers, to which she'd greet, somewhat more chipper than the emotional rollercoaster that was her mood the day before, with a polite, <Old Realm> "Hello. I'm not sure if there's a customary greeting when one awakens, but if there is, then that. Thanks, by the way for your help, and hospitality yesterday. It's been a bit of a stressful time. I'm also concerned that my friends must be worried sick about me. Would you, by chance, be interested in meeting any of them ? It'd sure be nice to be able to share some of my culture with you too, like some of the taswine we brought with us. It's a lot like your mead except we can't really make more of it since, well, I don't think we can refine tas here, but I'm certain you'd love it !"
>>
No. 936758 ID: 304f7c

>>936753
"Thank you! That is very kind of you. Can you wake me up before you leave in the morning? It's my job to follow you around. It's not sinister or anything I promise."
>>
No. 936759 ID: 10b783

rolled 2, 4, 4, 3, 7, 1, 5, 2, 9, 7, 5, 10, 9, 6, 9, 6, 2, 9, 10, 4, 5, 8, 7, 9, 7, 4, 1, 1, 6, 6 = 168

At first, there was a creek. Then another one, and the weird part of it was that they were coming from where the ceiling of the basement room that Rivers slept in whenever Red and Gold wasn't using the whole area for summoning demons. But, given that it was a basement for an Inn, there weren't actually any windows to peer through, since that would let foods spoil faster.

"Excuse me a minute, I think my guest woke up." Rivers excused herself for a bit to go check on Lumie, since clearly she couldn't get around on her own.

"Oh, wow. I mean, I'd love to go and visit where you came from. But, it's raining something weird, and I don't want to walk out into a mystery liquid pretending to be rain, since the last time it was ice cold acid. So, we're both going to probably have to stay put until that stops."

She picked up the Alchemical and started carrying her to the kitchen to make a midnight snack, since she had slept through dinner.

"But, you can tell me all about it while I make some food. Same for you, Red and Gold, if you want to keep telling me about stuff, I'm all ears for today."
>>
No. 936760 ID: 156cdf

>>936758

“Well, if the case is that you have to follow me I’ll be sure to make myself scarce sooner rather than later. Can’t make it too easy for you after all.”
>>
No. 936761 ID: 7dd512

rolled 6, 4, 5, 4, 4, 9, 4, 7, 9, 3, 9, 2, 4, 2, 7, 2, 7, 1, 7, 10, 10, 6, 8, 2, 1, 5, 7, 4, 1, 9 = 159

Lumie seems to have lost a little weight since earlier. That or Rivers is feeling stronger. That or she's distorting her own gravitational constant such that she weighs less. Either way, that makes her a little more mobile. As we move about, she comments on the weather. <Old Realm> "Ohh yes that does sound dangerous if you don't have the right kind of personal protective equipment. We get some very dangerous weather back home, some even more hostile than that in the wrong spots. Ohh shoot, and of course, well some of my protective gear was stolen when I was abducted so I don't know that I'd be so well equipped to handle it either right now." She lets out a little pout at the realization, face quirked in thought. "Add that to the list of things I need to fix."

"Hopefully the rain doesn't last too long ?" she asks, not familiar with the weather patterns here. ""During the icy seasons back home it can go for weeks." Upon seeing Red & Gold, she gives a little nod of her head in greeting seeing as she lacks much else to make more meaningful physical gestures with, and offers a cheery, "Hello."
>>
No. 936776 ID: 156cdf

rolled 1, 7, 8, 9, 3, 1, 4, 8, 5, 10, 4, 7, 3, 10, 2 = 82

“Well, I guess I’m not 100% sure how dangerous the rain actually is, but from everything I’m hearing Red and Gold, I’m pretty sure that it is the work of a powerful demon, of even one of the Primary he’s talking about.”

Rivers sat the suspiciously light Alchemical on the counter as she got to work, determined to make better food than the botched food that she had yesterday that she seemed to enjoy. She was going to make one of the universally loved foods back in lookshy. A simple, personal, and utilitarian pizza.

(Int 2, Craft(water) 2, stunt, conviction 4)

“But, that sounds like an interesting place. Normally weather doesn’t get dangerous, but it seems like Malfeas is all about dangerous locales.”
>>
No. 936780 ID: 7dd512

rolled 1, 10, 9, 8, 10, 3, 10, 4, 1, 5, 10, 1, 7, 5, 1, 6, 10, 1, 6, 9, 6, 8, 3, 2, 1, 5, 5, 7, 9, 5 = 168

She watches in fascination throughout the whole process, even asking to taste some of the ingredients, raw or not. <Old Realm> "OHH, I get it. So it's a fermented starch .. umm ... <???> ?" She sees the confusion and tries to explain. "It rises more the longer you leave it out, right ? And that looks like fermented milk to me. Can I ask how you spiced it ?" She seems a little confused until the sauce comes into the mix at which point it all kind of comes together. "Okay I see. We have something very similar at home, only we use more of an oil instead of a sauce but instead we spice the fermented milk. Although I couldn't tell what breed that was from, are they cute and fuzzy too ? We have a few different breeds of <???> you can milk but some of them aren't quite as cute as the others." While it bakes and smells waft, she wiggles from side to side in a seemingly good mood, not overly concerned with the state of the weather here.

"It is. The climate is a little on the extreme side, other nations have much warmer, or moister climates, some where you they barely cover up at all. We need much more insulation where I live, so lots of heavy layers and protection. And dangerous too in the deeper reaches, all sorts of fascinating and sometimes mean critters doing their jobs."
>>
No. 936781 ID: 7dd512

(( If you want Icons, I came up with the 11 creation/autocthonian elemental icons. Base assets from various web, all edited/arranged by me. ))

https://www.kawaiiwolf.com/img/wiki/elements/Air.png
https://www.kawaiiwolf.com/img/wiki/elements/Earth.png
https://www.kawaiiwolf.com/img/wiki/elements/Fire.png
https://www.kawaiiwolf.com/img/wiki/elements/Water.png
https://www.kawaiiwolf.com/img/wiki/elements/Wood.png

https://www.kawaiiwolf.com/img/wiki/elements/Crystal.png
https://www.kawaiiwolf.com/img/wiki/elements/Lightning.png
https://www.kawaiiwolf.com/img/wiki/elements/Metal.png
https://www.kawaiiwolf.com/img/wiki/elements/Oil.png
https://www.kawaiiwolf.com/img/wiki/elements/Smoke.png
https://www.kawaiiwolf.com/img/wiki/elements/Steam.png
>>
No. 936800 ID: 10b783

"I'm not going to lie, you're saying words that I'm guessing are from your native tongue that don't really have a translation to Old Realm, so I guess I can't really confirm or deny any similarities to whatever foodstuffs or creatures you're talking about.

"I guess I could turn into a cow and show you, but I also don't want to run the risk of breaking one of my souls in half, so I'll just have to settle for shrugging my shoulders and asking you to describe it."

As she was cooking, she was more than willing to give Lumie whatever ingredients she had wanted while she cooked, and she listened to the description of Kamak (not that she knew what that was or what it was called)

"That sounds rough. I've been to the really far north where it gets cold, and I stayed warm in the easiest way for someone living away from civilization while I hunted a few rare animals."
>>
No. 936844 ID: f57349

>>936726
Two successes on supernatural tracking. Across the plaza, dancing between elephant-sized turtles with bubbling bathtubs sunk into their backs, up a zigzagging iron staircase, through a window, across oddly angled alleyways to a one-room brass cottage with an onion dome about fifteen feet in diameter at it's widest point.

The front door is closed, Fanged Flair Effulgence is definitely inside, and the grumpiest-looking lavender-skinned demon courtesan you've ever seen is sitting awkwardly on the black gravel rooftop out in front.
"See those leaves up there?"
She gestures with a coiled whip. Sure enough, the pointed top of the dome has small leafy branches emerging from it, like a sapling.
"That means I'm already behind schedule on the maintenance. They aren't even paying customers! All the decent foundations for a proper tower around here are already taken, so once this tree closes up I'll have to get myself all bruised and blistered either crawling through the thorns or sucking off ugly forge-workers to wrestle with that stupid new toll system so I can seed a new one. Maybe I ought to chuck it all, set up shop on the slopes of Qaf or something instead."
As the rant runs out of steam, she closes her wide, dark eyes and takes a deep breath.
"I'm sorry, that was terribly unprofessional. Would you like to have sex? My rates are very reasonable, just a thumbprint-sized piece of skin for the basics, or add in the right sort of coin for hours of full sensory immersion in a bespoke dreamscape."
>>936679
>the book
Shortly after the destruction of the Versino, the Empress's daughter Mnemon bound an illiterate shrimp-like demon to the task of transcribing Oadenol's codex. The result was an indecipherable muddle, currently on a shelf in the restricted section of the Hall of Celestial Puissance at the Heptagram. The demon refused to depart despite having apparently completed it's task, and with assistance from the Mountain Folk was eventually sealed in a corrosion-resistant cage near what is now the town of Blackwater.
>delegation from Aketon
Majority of them are at the Mayor's house.
>>
No. 936863 ID: 8d924c

rolled 9, 8, 3, 4, 4, 8, 2, 8, 9, 2, 3, 5, 10, 6, 10, 8, 8, 2, 3, 1, 8, 2, 4, 4, 7, 9, 4, 2, 10, 4 = 167

>>936744

Red and Gold looks at the exit through which Rivers has left, then to the spy.

"I'm going to go start on a project. I might as well be getting SOMETHING done while it's raining whatever it's raining out there. Don't destroy anything, alright? I'll see if I can find you a drink."

He turns to the teodozjia then, "Don't torment or eat him please, thank you, he's a guest for now." Red and Gold instructs, before heading back down towards the basement for another summoning.

He still needed to properly spruce up facilities for summoning, but at least he should have enough in him for one.

(Summoning a naneke for a task binding-"I bind you to the task of telling me you want to understand things, repeatedly, until you actually do." we're going to experiment! Channeling Conviction because it's increasingly clear I need some demons in my pocket I can trust to handle more major things, but Second Circles are both too much trouble and a lot of work to come up with new ones.)
>>
No. 936864 ID: 7dd512

rolled 4, 7, 4, 3, 6, 3, 2, 10, 3, 10, 8, 3, 7, 1, 7, 1, 10, 7, 7, 5, 5, 8, 7, 9, 4, 2, 3, 9, 7, 2 = 164

<Old Realm> "Ohh yes, I've been trying to avoid idioms and <???> where possible, some of it doesn't translate really well without proto-<???> constructs, which I remember being really hard to learn when I learned at some point but I guess don't remember that well." She occasionally gives looks of frustration as she talks before resorting to other gestures to punctuate her words, limited to mostly shoulder posture and facial movements to help convey what fidgety hands would normally be able to gesture. "But our for our aged milks, we actually brought some with us you could even see, they're so adorable. They're about ... I dunno, a little over knee high for you and a little on the squat and pudgey side, probably about as long as from your toes to your navel. They've got more rounded snouts and itty bitty whiskers and really dense fur, maybe an inch long, that's actually two layers to help with the cold. But they're always feisty and produce a lot of milk, so they're great to keep around as long as you keep them in groups. They get really depressed if there's only one or two of them together."

"It's honestly not so bad, it just means we get to bundle up in nice snuggly clothing. Plus we're not limited by space so there's lots of room to stretch your arms and have your <????>. I don't think that's much of a thing here though, it's kind of a custom just for us. Is it almost done ? It smells like it's probably almost done !"

>>