[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 929670)
Message
File []
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 20000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 3128 unique user posts. View catalog

File 155521756004.png - (4.30KB , 800x600 , 0.png )
929670 No. 929670 ID: 15a025

Previous Threads & Wiki:
https://tgchan.org/wiki/The_Herd

Discussion Thread: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/115339.html
160 posts omitted. Last 50 shown. Expand all images
>>
No. 936073 ID: 15a025
File 156073470713.png - (6.39KB , 800x600 , 77.png )
936073

We lose sight of her, but there's a nice trail of magic holes in the ground for us to follow. When we finally catch up, she's already met up with someone else!

Bunny: "Guess it'll be just us then. Try and blow them away Blemar!"

Blemar: "You heard the boss, get out of here!"
>>
No. 936074 ID: 15a025
File 156073473908.png - (6.58KB , 800x600 , 78.png )
936074

They shoot something off at us while the rabbit hops into another hole, going who knows where now!

Relina fires off a counter shot at the projectile and the two attacks blow each other up!
>>
No. 936080 ID: b1b4f3

Is that a bat? You should both try to take advantage of the holes too.
>>
No. 936088 ID: 91ee5f

>>936074
The bunny is across the water!

>>936080
Yeah, good idea! Use them to catch up with the bunny!
>>
No. 936089 ID: 8eaf98

>>936080
try putting the light axe through a portal first though. see how it reacts first.
>>
No. 936218 ID: 15a025
File 156082125266.png - (6.62KB , 800x600 , 79.png )
936218

>The bunny is across the water!
Got it!

>Is that a bat?
Yes.

>You should both try to take advantage of the holes too.
>Yeah, good idea! Use them to catch up with the bunny!
Relina: "No don't! We don't know how they work. We could get cursed or sent who knows where!"

>try putting the light axe through a portal first though. see how it reacts first
Relina: "That sounds safer."

Roxie: "Cover me while I experiment with that then."

Relina: "Got it!"
>>
No. 936244 ID: 15a025
File 156082538423.png - (6.90KB , 800x600 , 80.png )
936244

I trade places with Relina and stick it down the hole. Looking around, I can't see where it leads though?
>>
No. 936250 ID: 891b91

Hmm, so it leads into the sewage. I don't see a way to make good use of that, unless you can grab the bat and shove them through. No time to bother considering that, though -- looks like the rabbit's about to fire off a spell at one of you, so be ready to block it!
>>
No. 936252 ID: b1b4f3

He made another hole, I think he's gonna fire his attack through it. If you guys don't see a matching new exit somewhere, it's probably gonna come out of the sewage.
This guy is dangerous; it's really difficult to counter clever use of portals.

Roxie make a shield and try to block in the general direction of the sewage. Then I think you're just going to have to take out the bat next, and test the other hole there. THAT one probably leads to the other side.
>>
No. 936270 ID: 91ee5f

>>936244
>Looking around, I can't see where it leads though?
Your spear is currently sticking out of the water behind you.
>>
No. 936694 ID: 15a025
File 156115262048.png - (6.61KB , 800x600 , 81.png )
936694

>Your spear is currently sticking out of the water behind you.
Why would the portal lead to there?

>I don't see a way to make good use of that, unless you can grab the bat and shove them through. No time to bother considering that, though -- looks like the rabbit's about to fire off a spell at one of you, so be ready to block it!

I pull out my spear and...half of it is gone now.
>>
No. 936695 ID: 15a025
File 156115266085.png - (4.79KB , 800x600 , 82.png )
936695

>Roxie make a shield and try to block in the general direction of the sewage.
Well it won't matter since I'm reshaping it anyway! I shorten the handle down and put the rest into making two axe heads to form the makeshift shield.
The rabbit tosses their spell into the sewage and it comes out of the wall!
I manage to block it, but it lose my shield on impact. Before committing to another shield or making another weapon, I just start to form a stick again.
>>
No. 936696 ID: 15a025
File 156115275772.png - (6.40KB , 800x600 , 83.png )
936696

>I think you're just going to have to take out the bat next, and test the other hole there. THAT one probably leads to the other side.

That's going to be tricky, but I've got a few ideas on how we could land an attack. Right now it seems like him and Relina are at a stalemate. Both of their attacks keep colliding and blowing each other up.

I could make a shield and we could try to fake him out and get him to cast first. I'd block his attack and Relina should be able to blast him while he's open to charge up another attack.

I could also try and distract him. While he can probably easily fly out of the way from my attacks, his focus would be on me and dodging them. Relina might be able land a hit on him that way too.
>>
No. 936697 ID: b1b4f3

If you lost the spear from pulling it back out... then either you can't turn around while going through a portal, or he has control over the exits so going through one is a bad idea.

If you make a long spear you could feint (or actually try)spearing the bat. No matter how it reacts, Relina should be able to take advantage.
>>
No. 936998 ID: 15a025
File 156132745858.png - (6.49KB , 800x600 , 84.png )
936998

>f you lost the spear from pulling it back out... then either you can't turn around while going through a portal, or he has control over the exits so going through one is a bad idea.
Some more experimenting should probably be done before I try to jump in one then.

>If you make a long spear you could feint (or actually try)spearing the bat. No matter how it reacts, Relina should be able to take advantage.

I turn my beat stick into a longer spear or is this more of a polearm now?
>>
No. 936999 ID: 15a025
File 156132751347.gif - (41.23KB , 800x600 , 85.gif )
936999

Armed again I start thrusting my weapon at the bat.

Belmar: "You think you can hurt, let alone hit me with that tiny thi-!?"
>>
No. 937000 ID: 15a025
File 156132753360.png - (6.58KB , 800x600 , 87.png )
937000

Ha, it worked! Relina lands a double blast on him, dunking him in the sewage.

Belmar: "Ugh! Seriously?! Shoot me a portal out of here!"
>>
No. 937001 ID: 15a025
File 156132759157.png - (6.57KB , 800x600 , 88.png )
937001

A moment later the bat disappears. Except, he doesn't seem to re-appear.

???: "Belmar?"
>>
No. 937007 ID: b1b4f3

Something's coming. In the sewage.
Don't blast the cultist just yet-- remember light weapons don't work very well against normal things, which means if a non-dark sewer monster shows up the cultist will be the one to kill it.
>>
No. 937012 ID: 8eaf98

bottom left portal is now spewing sewage.
i'm going to guess there is some sort of between space for the portals and it didn't take kindly to the insertion of a light tool, and it's now messing with the portals somehow.
>>
No. 937014 ID: a9af05

>>937012
No, I think that's just letting us know that something is currently coming through the portal.
>>
No. 937781 ID: 15a025
File 156193062457.png - (7.12KB , 800x600 , 89b.png )
937781

>Something's coming. In the sewage.
>bottom left portal is now spewing sewage.
>i'm going to guess there is some sort of between space for the portals and it didn't take kindly to the insertion of a light tool, and it's now messing with the portals somehow.
>I think that's just letting us know that something is currently coming through the portal.
A shadowy figure flies out from the sewage. It lets out a fierce roar!

Rabbit: "What?! No I haven't drained any of it into-"
>>
No. 937782 ID: 15a025
File 156193065297.png - (6.99KB , 800x600 , 90.png )
937782

She pauses as more sewage bursts from the portal.

Rabbit: "Oh...whoops."
>>
No. 937783 ID: 15a025
File 156193066819.png - (7.16KB , 800x600 , 91.png )
937783

It lets out another roar, following up with a blast at the rabbit!
>>
No. 937786 ID: 58b4f3

>>937783
It attacked the rabbit for their incompetence. Use this opportunity to finish off the rabbit to prevent anymore running away with portals!
>>
No. 937792 ID: b1b4f3

Aim for the rabbit first. Hope the monster ignores you, but if it doesn't it's probably a good idea to take it down anyway.
>>
No. 937863 ID: 8eaf98

>>937783
looks like SOMETHING was upset related to the portals
>>
No. 937878 ID: 15a025
File 156200774043.png - (4.07KB , 800x600 , 92.png )
937878

>It attacked the rabbit for their incompetence. Use this opportunity to finish off the rabbit to prevent anymore running away with portals!
>Aim for the rabbit first.

Relina: "And here's a portal to the other side!"
>>
No. 937879 ID: 15a025
File 156200786494.png - (5.85KB , 800x600 , 93.png )
937879

Relina blasts the bunny, turning her into ashes. Shortly after her portals disappear, sucking back in the sewage they spewed out.

>Hope the monster ignores you, but if it doesn't it's probably a good idea to take it down anyway.

The chimera lets out another roar and flies towards us!

Relina: "Shoot, this isn't looking good. I need more time to re-charge!"
>>
No. 937881 ID: b1b4f3

Alright, now Roxie's gotta step in and block the blast with her polearm. Tank and spank time.
>>
No. 937885 ID: 91ee5f

>>937879
Roxie, use its momentum against it! Get between it and Relina, then when it gets closer, thrust out your polearm to impale it!
>>
No. 938469 ID: 15a025
File 156252165809.png - (4.59KB , 800x600 , 94.png )
938469

>Alright, now Roxie's gotta step in and block the blast with her polearm. Tank and spank time.
>Roxie, use its momentum against it! Get between it and Relina, then when it gets closer, thrust out your polearm to impale it!

No need to get between it and Relina when it's coming towards me anyway!

It keeps its distance and fires off a blast of magic. I don't have enough time to reshape my polearm into a shield so I have to make do. The polearm manages to hold off the attack from hitting me directly, but it's burning up my paws!
>>
No. 938470 ID: 15a025
File 156252166955.png - (5.56KB , 800x600 , 95.png )
938470

With its focus locked onto me though, Relina's able to blast and vanquish the creature with her attack!
>>
No. 938475 ID: b1b4f3

Alright, we finished the encounter with minimal injuries I'd say. How are your paws?

Candy, how is the situation back there?
>>
No. 938482 ID: 91ee5f

>>938470
Roxie, Relina, time to head back and regroup with the others.

Candy, how are things going on your end? Anything happen over there?
>>
No. 938493 ID: a9af05

>>938470
Time to regroup.
>>
No. 938603 ID: 15a025
File 156264050522.png - (5.63KB , 800x600 , 96.png )
938603

>Alright, we finished the encounter with minimal injuries I'd say. How are your paws?
Probably done rare and they're slightly singed. Hurts too much to hold onto my polearm, but I can tough it out other than that.

>Candy, how is the situation back there?
>Candy, how are things going on your end? Anything happen over there?

...

Relina: "Hopefully that silence is just from us being too far and getting disconnected from her."
>>
No. 938604 ID: 15a025
File 156264062762.png - (6.37KB , 800x600 , 97.png )
938604

>Roxie, Relina, time to head back and regroup with the others.
>Time to regroup.
We get back to where Candy is and-

Relina: "What happened!"

Candy: "We got attacked by someone associated with the cult. Maybe the back up the rabbit called?"

Roxie: "Okay, but where'd the mess come from? All you have is pepper spray and a fireball that might blow this place up."

Officer Nibbles: "Pierce failed to mention he's been carrying an enchantment this whole time!"

Pierce: "I told you, how else did you think I dealt with chimeras? Anyway, I managed to fight them off despite someone not un-handcuffing me."

Roxie: "Okay, so what's your enchantment?"
>>
No. 938605 ID: 15a025
File 156264065888.png - (5.04KB , 800x600 , 98.png )
938605

Suddenly his claws start glowing and grow long and sharp.

Pierce: "Just another reason why they call me Pierce."
>>
No. 938607 ID: 15a025
File 156264069679.png - (6.35KB , 800x600 , 99.png )
938607

He lets out an awkward laugh before retracting his magic claws.

Roxie: "So other then the poor sap that tried to mess with you, any injuries?"

Candy: "None thankfully. You two?"

Roxie: "My paws got cooked a bit by a chimera, but I'm holding up alright."

Relina: "Did you find anything out on the computer?"

Officer Nibbles: "We don't exactly know what they're doing, but I see there's sewage being drained to one central location down here!"
>>
No. 938609 ID: b1b4f3

>>938607
Any way of reaching that location?
>>
No. 938611 ID: 15a025

>>938603
*Roxie's line should be "Hurts too much to hold onto my polearm, but I can tough it out other than that."
>>
No. 938619 ID: 91ee5f

>>938607
Can you reverse or stop it? If they want the sewage to all go to one location, then we’d better change it so that it messes up whatever they’ve got planned.
>>
No. 938754 ID: 15a025
File 156278785932.png - (4.49KB , 800x600 , 100.png )
938754

>Can you reverse or stop it? If they want the sewage to all go to one location, then we’d better change it so that it messes up whatever they’ve got planned.

Roxie: "Anyway you can stop or send it back?"

Officer Nibbles: "Yes, but only the sewer lines this computer has control over!"

Candy: "How many other computer systems are down here then?"

Officer Nibbles: "There's only two more! It's split up like this for the different sections of the city!"

Roxie: "Think it'd be worth going to them putting a plug on all this then?"

Officer Nibbles: "We should have enough time to! Question is, how important is this to the cult and what're they going to have in our way!"

Relina: "It might draw attention something's going on as well."

>Any way of reaching that location?
Roxie: "You said it's all going to one place, right?"

Officer Nibbles: "Right!"

Roxie: "Any way of getting there then? I'm not sure what they'd need all this for, but I get the feeling that might be where the tournament's going to be."

Officer Nibbles: "That's a good idea! We could reach it, but I think there's another gated area we'd have to get through though!"
>>
No. 938757 ID: b1b4f3

Heading towards the location seems like it'd be faster and draw less attention before we reach it, but if we can't do anything about it once we're there it'd be a dead end, whereas if we stop the sewage flow it's pretty much guaranteed to foil their plans but it'll attract more attention while doing so.
I'm not sure which way to go.
>>
No. 938830 ID: 91ee5f

>>938754
Not entirely sure that just 2 light magic users would be enough to handle things down here. But calling in backup would scare off everyone we’re trying to catch down here.

I’m not entirely sure on what we should do.
>>
No. 938831 ID: a9af05

>>938754
Call for backup. This is more than you guys can handle on your own.

If you know where all of this is being sent, have your backup go to that location. While that's going on, you guys can go around to all of the computers and reverse whatever the cult did to them. Then head towards where the backup was called in and assist with whatever's left by the time you guys get there.

Also, I think Pierce can probably earn himself a reduced sentence by cooperating. Might want to talk to Officer Nibbles about that.
>>
No. 938868 ID: 15a025
File 156289042793.png - (4.48KB , 800x600 , 101.png )
938868

>Not entirely sure that just 2 light magic users would be enough to handle things down here. But calling in backup would scare off everyone we’re trying to catch down here.
>Call for backup. This is more than you guys can handle on your own.

Relina: "Shouldn't we call in some back or something? I'm not sure just Roxie and I can take everyone on."

Officer Nibbles: "I already explained, you three are all we've got available! There isn't anyone to call in for backup!"

Roxie: "Not to sound full of myself here, but I think we've been pretty much mopping the floor with these guys so far. If we have too, I think we can take them on if we're smart about it."

>I think Pierce can probably earn himself a reduced sentence by cooperating. Might want to talk to Officer Nibbles about that.
Roxie: "Speaking of help. Keep it up and maybe Nibbles could reduce your sentence for cooperating, Pierce."

Pierce: "Well, I can try to help as much as I can. I've got experience fighting chimeras, but my enchantment's going to injure them at best."

>Heading towards the location seems like it'd be faster and draw less attention before we reach it, but if we can't do anything about it once we're there it'd be a dead end, whereas if we stop the sewage flow it's pretty much guaranteed to foil their plans but it'll attract more attention while doing so.
I'm not sure which way to go.

Roxie: "I'm still not quite sure which way we should go. If we head straight to the source, it'd be faster and we'd probably draw less attention. We could be screwed though if that gated area's a dead end. If we head to the other computers, we can stop whatever it is they're doing with the sewage. It's going to alert them something's going on and draw their focus on us. We don't know really know what their plan is or if it relates to the tournament either."

Pierce: "Guess I should point out any of the gates are going to be guarded instead of locked. Mostly since they're so rusty you could kick'em down. If whatever's going on with the computers is really important, they'll have the higher up members guarding those instead."

Officer Nibbles: "Alright so what' s our plan then?!"
>>
No. 938869 ID: b1b4f3

>>938868
They didn't have anyone super tough guarding this computer. I feel like we'd run into tougher cultists at the destination.

Let's go take out the other computers. We can disable the computers after we stop the flow, to make sure they don't do whatever it is.
>>
No. 938879 ID: 91ee5f

>>938868
If we can’t get anyone else to come help us, then it looks like the best option would be to reverse what they did on the computers and then disabling the computers so that they can’t just undo what we did.

>>938869
>They didn't have anyone super tough guarding this computer.
True, the bunny wasn’t very tough, but she did get pretty close to escaping and warning the other cultists. We just got lucky that chimera knocked her over and gave us an opportunity to take her out.

We’ll need to be more careful to make sure the next cultist we run into doesn’t get a chance to run away again.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason