[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 941408)
Message
File []
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 20000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 3634 unique user posts. View catalog

File 156498189743.png - (9.18KB , 800x800 , 0.png )
941408 No. 941408 ID: 15a025

Attempting a one shot quest to get better at drawing a bit. Hope it will be enjoyable for everyone.
Expand all images
>>
No. 941409 ID: 15a025
File 156498191776.png - (7.65KB , 800x800 , 1.png )
941409

???: "Now to just carefully-"
>>
No. 941410 ID: 15a025
File 156498194153.png - (19.93KB , 800x800 , 2.png )
941410

Slam!

???2 : "Hey are you alright?"

???: "Sort of! I got the gem but now I'm locked in. What do I do?"
>>
No. 941411 ID: e0c395

Try putting the gem back on the pedestal.
>>
No. 941412 ID: b1b4f3

Is there anything else in the room, any other exits?
>>
No. 941413 ID: 465a14

"Break the pedestal in half and reconnect it to make a whole."
>>
No. 941414 ID: 977456

>>941411
That would defeat the purpose of coming here!
Can you spontaneously generate available mass using a magic system?
Can you spontaneously generate available mass using a digestive system?
>>
No. 941419 ID: 15a025
File 156498494941.png - (24.64KB , 800x800 , 3.png )
941419

???2: "Did you try putting it back?"

???: "The thing it was sitting on went into the pedestal after I grabbed it."

???2: "Hmm... there any doors or exits hiding in there? What's all in the room?"

???: "There's some unlit candles, a bookshelf, and some locked cabinets. What's out on your side again?"

>Can you spontaneously generate available mass using a magic system?
Can you spontaneously generate available mass using a digestive system?
???: "Nah, you know I'm not able to use magic. Suppose if I had some chocolate though I'd 'generate' some interesting mass alright though."

???2: "Who are you talking to in there?"

???: "You I thought?"

???2: "I didn't ask nothing about using magic though?"

???: "Spooky. I could have sworn I heard you ask? Anyway, what's out on your side again?"
>>
No. 941420 ID: 7fce9f

Eat gem.
>>
No. 941421 ID: 15a025
File 156498496512.png - (7.91KB , 800x800 , 4.png )
941421

???2: "Oh, just the way we came. There's another door and some shape's on my side of your door now?"
>>
No. 941424 ID: b1b4f3

>>941421
Wait, who are you?
Who am I? Am I you?
>>
No. 941427 ID: 8eaf98

>>941424
I know you are but what am I.
>>
No. 941429 ID: b1b4f3

>>941421
Describe the shape. Maybe putting something in or on the shape will unlock the door? Or maybe the shape itself can be turned or pushed?
>>
No. 941430 ID: 977456

Maybe it's a floor-trigger, stand on the pedestal.
If that fails, then hide in the cupboard so the invisible unicorns don't stab you.
>>
No. 941452 ID: ce39da

Ask about the shapes.

Has either of you got a lighter for those candles? (I realize I'm only assuming objects can be passed through the door. That IS a barred window, right?)
>>
No. 941457 ID: 15a025
File 156502978704.png - (21.65KB , 800x800 , 5.png )
941457

>Wait, who are you? Who am I? Am I you?
???: "Oh no, is this dungeon cursing you with amnesia Korva?"

Korva: "No? What makes you ask that?"

???: "Something just asked me who I am, and who you or they are?"

Korva: "I think you're just hearing things Maila. Oh! Maybe that gem's haunted and whoever tries to steal it has to listen to it."

Maila: "Pff. Don't be such a nerd. If someone wanted to stop someone stealing their treasure they'd put a real curse or something on it."

Korva: "Careful what you wish for there, Maila. You might end up getting really cursed if you keep talking like that."

Maila: "Well let's focus on getting me out of here before that happens then. Tell me about that shape. What's it look like, and can you turn it?"

Korva: "It's more of a hole shape than something I can turn. Maybe something needs to go in it? It looks like a big rain drop or...actually it kind of makes me think of an onion actually?"

Maila: "Nothing in here I can see looks like that?"

Korva: "This is a little bit of a stumper then. I hope it's not something in that other room, I don't wanna end up having to leave you alone in there."
>>
No. 941458 ID: 15a025
File 156502982384.png - (27.73KB , 800x800 , 6.png )
941458

>Maybe it's a floor-trigger, stand on the pedestal.

Maila: "Hey, standing on the pedestal and I just heard click. Anything going on out there?"
>>
No. 941459 ID: 15a025
File 156502985620.png - (7.80KB , 800x800 , 7.png )
941459

Korva: "I'm hearing a weird humming sound down the hall now!"

Maila: "Well go check it out, cause I think I might be running out of options in here?"

Korva: "Aw. Come on Maila, I don't wanna go on alone."

Maila: "I'll be fine, for now probably." Just make sure you come back for me!"
>>
No. 941460 ID: 15a025
File 156502988234.png - (20.22KB , 800x800 , 8.png )
941460

I leave poor Maila behind for now, and head into the next room.

Korva: "Ooh. Looks like no-one's been in here for awhile?"

There's a shiny, humming treasure chest, another locked door, some puddles of water, an unlit torch, and a lonely cobweb in the corner. I wonder what I should check out first? I better be careful though, I'd hate to spring a trap and end up hurting Maila or getting stuck myself.
>>
No. 941461 ID: 15a025
File 156502989431.png - (10.23KB , 800x800 , 9.png )
941461

Aw, looking up there's also a spider guarding a key all wrapped up in cobweb. That'd probably be useful, but I'm not sure how I'd get all the way up there?
>>
No. 941464 ID: b1b4f3

>>941461
Maybe it's a magical talking spider that will give you the key if you ask nicely?
You could also throw a book at the web.

Hmm, is that a mouse hole in the wall?
Maila check your mouse hole too.

Do either of you have a means of lighting those candles or torches?
>>
No. 941467 ID: 977456

Get wax from the sconce. Use wax as bait in front of hole. challenge centipede to riddles when it emerges for bait. Riddle centipede for the spider's favourite movie genres. Extort the key from the spider by threatening it with spoilers. Throw the key and command the treasure chest to fetch. Quickly loot the most evil and mundane looking items from the secret compartment before the chest comes back to block it.
>>
No. 941468 ID: ce39da

One of you has got to have a light source. Got anything to reach the spider web with?
>>
No. 941474 ID: 15a025
File 156504254353.png - (6.35KB , 800x800 , 10.png )
941474

>Maybe it's a magical talking spider that will give you the key if you ask nicely?
Korva: "Mister Spider? Could I please borrow your key? I promise I'll return it when I'm done?"

Spider: "..."

Korva: "Aw...a magical talking spider would have been cute."

>Do either of you have a means of lighting those candles or torches?

>One of you has got to have a light source.
>Has either of you got a lighter for those candles?

Korva: "Other than that humming shiny treasure chest, I sure wish I had something to light this place up with. It's kind of dark in here."
>>
No. 941475 ID: 15a025
File 156504256701.png - (11.65KB , 800x800 , 11.png )
941475

>is that a mouse hole in the wall?
Korva: "Oh hey a mouse hole."

I get down and look inside, but it's too dark to see anything.
>>
No. 941476 ID: 15a025
File 156504259085.png - (20.54KB , 800x800 , 12.png )
941476

>Get wax from the sconce. Use wax as bait in front of hole.
I grab a little wax and put it in front of the mouse hole and knock a little.

Korva: "Hello? Is anyone home?"
>>
No. 941477 ID: 15a025
File 156504261637.png - (13.19KB , 800x800 , 13.png )
941477

A little mouse comes out and sniffs the wax.
Mouse: "Aw man! At first I thought someone was bringing me a snack!"

Korva: "I am sorry little mouse. I have no snacks to offer, not even for myself."

Mouse: "A loud visitor instead?! Announce yourself!"

Korva: "Oh, I'm sorry. My name is Korva. I'm a kangaroo explorer looking for treasures with my best friend, Maila."

Mouse: "Ah. I am Val!"
>>
No. 941478 ID: 15a025
File 156504262971.png - (1.50KB , 200x200 , 14.png )
941478

>Maila check your mouse hole too.
I get off the pedestal and look into the mouse hole, but it's too dark to see anything.
>>
No. 941479 ID: 15a025
File 156504264555.png - (17.94KB , 800x800 , 15.png )
941479

Korva: "Hey, the treasure chests gone now!"
>>
No. 941480 ID: b1b4f3

>>941479
Oh interesting, it's a chest that only appears when the pressure plate is triggered. It definitely has a lock on it though.
Ask Val if he/she knows where all the traps are and how to avoid them.
>>
No. 941481 ID: 8eaf98

Well then, that is interesting.
Maila get back on pedestal.
Korva then open chest should it reappear.
>>
No. 941503 ID: ce39da

Korva: "Have you got something to light torches with, little mouse?" Does that door go anywhere? See if you can find something long to reach the web with.

Maila: Examine books, then get back on the pedestal.
>>
No. 941531 ID: 15a025
File 156506642808.png - (31.34KB , 800x800 , 16.png )
941531

>Maila: Examine books

Maila: "Guess since there isn't much else to do I could check out these books. Maybe there'll be something cool or interesting like 'How to summon demons for dummies' or...how to win at poker? How to beat this year's most strongest decks? Come on! Where's all the cool spooky dungeon books about ghosts and monsters? That book isn't even from this year."

Maila: "Oh hey wait, there's one labeled history book though? Let's see what this one's about?"
>>
No. 941532 ID: 15a025
File 156506644682.png - (29.92KB , 800x800 , 17.png )
941532

Maila: "Oh wow, big surprise.
>>
No. 941533 ID: 15a025
File 156506646641.png - (26.67KB , 800x800 , 18.png )
941533

>Maila get back on pedestal.
Maila: "Alright, I'm getting back on this pedestal. That click might be something Korva needs to get me out of here."
>>
No. 941534 ID: 15a025
File 156506649234.png - (23.19KB , 800x800 , 19.png )
941534

>Oh interesting, it's a chest that only appears when the pressure plate is triggered. It definitely has a lock on it though.
>Korva then open chest should it reappear.
Korva: "Oh hey the chest's back again!"

Before the little bugger can disappear on me again, I go over and open it. Even though it's got a lock on it, someone left it unlocked.

Korva: "Seems like a light piece of steel and a really hard rock? Aw, I hope it wasn't unlocked because someone already looted it. I guess if this is steel I might be able to get a few coins it. I'll add it in my pouch just in case."
>>
No. 941535 ID: 15a025
File 156506652297.png - (16.58KB , 800x800 , 20.png )
941535

>Ask Val if he/she knows where all the traps are and how to avoid them.
Korva: "Mister Mouse, would you happen to know about any traps in here and how to avoid them?"

Val: "I don't normally venture outside my home Miss Kangaroo! So I do not know of much other than to avoid the sticky slime! You also don't need to be so loud!"

Korva: "Sorry. Have you got something to light torches with, little mouse?"

Val: "I do not, for I do not need light to get around!"

Korva: "Darn. Does that door go anywhere?"

Val: "Which direction?!"

Korva: "It's on your right."

Val: "I have a mouse hole that might lead to it, but I have not explored it for I am told it is dangerous!"

Korva: "Oh no, what's in there that's so dangerous?"

Val: "I have heard tales of fierce creatures that would surely eat me if I were spotted! It's the only mouse hole I got a locking door for!

Korva: "Oh my!"
>>
No. 941536 ID: b1b4f3

>>941534
Hit the rock with the steel. Sparks ignite.
>>
No. 941537 ID: 91ee5f

>>941535
Strike the rock against the steel to create sparks. Do this on the unlit torch to light it.

Now that Korva has taken the contents of the chest, Maila doesn’t need to stand on the pedestal anymore.
>>
No. 941544 ID: 15a025
File 156507091053.png - (18.65KB , 800x800 , 21.png )
941544

Korva: "Oh wait! I think in bash steel against something, it could make sparks. Maybe I can start a fire with the two rocks and light the candle?"

I start sliding and banging the two together and after enough tries light the candle.

Korva: "Well, at least it's easier to see in here now."

Val: "Are you done pounding things Miss Kangaroo? You're being rather loud!"

Korva: "Sorry little mouse. I think I'm done for-"

A strange bubbling noise cuts me off.

Val: "Oh. Oh no! Don't tell me there's slime in this room too?! Miss Kangaroo, I believe I must bid you adieu!"
>>
No. 941545 ID: 15a025
File 156507092960.png - (8.82KB , 800x800 , 22.png )
941545

Korva: "Ahh! Mister Mouse, you didn't tell me the slime was a monster slime!"

Oh, this is kind of bad. I don't have anything to fight it with.
>>
No. 941546 ID: b1b4f3

>>941545
It's pretty small though, can't you just smash it? Stomp it? Or maybe with a book... or if no good sized ones can fit through the door, hit it with your piece of steel or flint.
Or if it's slow enough you can ignore it for the most part, and just burn away some of the web to get to the key, then see what's in the door there.
>>
No. 941579 ID: 15a025
File 156510926017.png - (18.89KB , 800x800 , 23.png )
941579

Korva: "I gotta think of some way to fight it? Even though it's small, I can't just stomp it. It'll just stick to my foot and try to start eating me. I could go grab a book from Maila maybe? It won't kill it, but it'll splatter it around and slow it-"
>>
No. 941580 ID: 15a025
File 156510929315.png - (8.26KB , 800x800 , 24.png )
941580

Korva: "Oh no! The door out is locked and barred up!"
>>
No. 941581 ID: 15a025
File 156510956830.png - (15.38KB , 800x800 , 25.png )
941581

Korva: "Okay calm down and think. Maybe I can burn the web the key's wrapped up in? No wait, I can't reach it up there. Uh... shoot. The only thing I could take care of this slime with is if I could burn or freeze it then. I can't just walk over and try to light it with my steel, it'd start trying to eat me and then I'd burn myself too! There's gotta be something flammable in here I could throw at it?"
>>
No. 941591 ID: b1b4f3

Oh, you can burn it? Well, you have a torch now. If you need more flammables it doesn't look like you have much for options aside from your clothes.
>>
No. 941592 ID: 91ee5f

>>941581
Use the torch to burn it. Just don’t throw the torch!
>>
No. 941609 ID: a9af05

>>941581
Use the torch.
>>
No. 941620 ID: 977456

I don't suppose that you could jump up to the web? Throwing the rock at the edge of the web might lure the spider away, towards the slime maybe? Slimes can be poisoned, right? Or lure the slime to the chest and have Maila swap the chest in to swap the slime out. Maybe even trap the slime inside the chest.
>>
No. 941629 ID: 8eaf98

>>941620
ohhh puting the slime in the chest sounds like a good idea!
>>
No. 941755 ID: 15a025
File 156522821058.png - (16.39KB , 800x800 , 26.png )
941755

Korva: “Oh duh. I could just use the candle on the wall to burn it. Just need to stay calm and not get too close. Otherwise it might try to latch onto me while it burns."
>>
No. 941756 ID: 15a025
File 156522822982.png - (12.00KB , 800x800 , 27.png )
941756

Korva: “Ha! Got’em!”
>>
No. 941757 ID: 15a025
File 156522824225.png - (17.25KB , 800x800 , 28.png )
941757

After the slime burns up, I hear a strange chime. When I look over to the door, I see it isn’t barred up anymore.
>>
No. 941758 ID: 15a025
File 156522825959.png - (8.38KB , 400x400 , 29.png )
941758

>I don't suppose that you could jump up to the web?
Now I can think about how to get that key? I wonder if even my kangaroo jumping powers can get me up there. I guess it’s worth a try.

H’yup!
>>
No. 941759 ID: 15a025
File 156522827291.png - (17.49KB , 800x800 , 30.png )
941759

Alright, I got the key!
>>
No. 941760 ID: 15a025
File 156522828416.png - (18.26KB , 800x800 , 31.png )
941760

Aw, but when I use it on the other door in here it doesn’t fit?
>>
No. 941763 ID: b1b4f3

>>941760
wat da hek

Alright try handing it to Malia, see if it opens the cabinet.
>>
No. 941781 ID: 977456

That door looks unlocked to me. Maybe the locks for the door and chest are swapped? It would explain why you could get into the chest when it was clearly locked.
>>
No. 941939 ID: 15a025
File 156537432585.png - (9.43KB , 800x800 , 32.png )
941939

Korva: "I guess since I can't open this door I should check on Maila. Maybe the key will let her do something?"

I head back over and hand her the key.

Maila: "Ugh, if only this was the key to my door. Hopefully there's something useful in the cabinet, if it even opens."
>>
No. 941940 ID: 15a025
File 156537436791.png - (31.37KB , 800x800 , 33.png )
941940

Maila: "Alright, inside there's a sword, some empty beakers , and a box of cards labeled 'test deck'. Anything in here you need or think might be useful?"
>>
No. 941941 ID: 15a025
File 156537439136.png - (22.41KB , 800x800 , 34.png )
941941

Korva's current inventory:


Piece of steel Hard Rock Earrings [Equiped] EMPTY EMPTY
>>
No. 941944 ID: b1b4f3

>>941940
Nothing seems immediately useful, though the sword is probably more useful for the non-trapped party member. I wonder if the deck of cards is magical?

Try lighting the candles in the room to see if anything changes.
>>
No. 942197 ID: 15a025
File 156548489612.png - (22.19KB , 800x800 , 35.png )
942197

Korva: "Can you hand me the sword and deck of cards?"

Maila: "Think there might be monsters or something in here?"

Korva: "I already had to burn a slime, and a little mouse mentioned things that'd surely eat him up."

Maila: "Why do you get all the fun? Just be careful though, I know you're not much of a fighter."

Korva: "Pff, I just have you do all the fighting since it wouldn't be fair for the monster to take me on."
>>
No. 942198 ID: 15a025
File 156548491639.png - (16.73KB , 800x800 , 36.png )
942198

>Try lighting the candles in the room to see if anything changes.
Korva: "Now, here. Try lighting up those candles. I found a rock and steel."

Maila: "How am going to light a candle with a rock and some steel?"

Korva: "Oh it's easy. Just smack and slide'em together for some sparks an eventually you get some fire going."
>>
No. 942199 ID: 15a025
File 156548493280.png - (20.17KB , 800x800 , 37.png )
942199

Maila: "Come on. Light. Light! Give me some- fire! YEAH!"

Instead of doing that all over again, I just use the fire from the first candle to light up the other one. Once both are lit and back on the stands, I hear a loud click.
>>
No. 942200 ID: 15a025
File 156548495227.png - (10.26KB , 800x800 , 38.png )
942200

Maila: "Any idea what that click wa-"

Korva: "Spiked ceiling coming down on you!"

Maila: "What!"
>>
No. 942202 ID: 15a025
File 156548499746.png - (13.17KB , 800x800 , 39.png )
942202

Korva: "Made you look."

Korva: "Anyway, I'll be back. I think I might know what that was, for real this time."

Maila: "Running off before I slug ya for the scare?"

Korva: "Ah you got me. Really though, I'll be back. I promise."

Maila: "Yeah you better!"
>>
No. 942203 ID: 15a025
File 156548510744.png - (21.58KB , 800x800 , 40.png )
942203

Heading back to the locked door, it's open now!

I head inside and oh no! A bunch of weird looking rats are attacking a poor ferret!
>>
No. 942206 ID: b1b4f3

>>942203
Charge in recklessly and be a hero!

>>942200
...huh, there's something on the ceiling.
Maila: check the ceiling in your room.
>>
No. 942209 ID: a9af05

>>942203
Go be a hero!
>>
No. 942217 ID: 0fae41

Be a hero! Land the last hit on the ferret!
>>
No. 942219 ID: 91ee5f

>>942203
Save the ferret!
>>
No. 942227 ID: 977456

These rats are truly foolish. They know not the true value of a ferret. Teach them the magic of SlaverY! Attempt to summon charts and diagrams to aid you.
>>
No. 942326 ID: 15a025
File 156561847868.png - (7.22KB , 800x800 , 41.png )
942326

>Maila: check the ceiling in your room.
Maila: "Well that's creepy. There's a little eyeball looking thing on the ceiling?"

Maila: "Hang on wait. Korva I thought said you were leaving?"

Maila: "Korva?"

Don't tell me this place really is haunted or something?"
>>
No. 942327 ID: 15a025
File 156561850447.png - (18.34KB , 800x800 , 42.png )
942327

I charge into the room recklessly and start poking the rats with the end of my sword.
>>
No. 942328 ID: 15a025
File 156561853643.png - (8.33KB , 800x800 , 43.png )
942328

Ferret: "Oh thank goodness. I thought I was surely done for there."

Korva: "It was no problem little ferret. Are you going to be okay?"

Ferret: "No! My sword is broken and I have nothing to defend myself with now."

Korva: "Oh no. What's a little guy like you doing in a dangerous place like this anyway?"

Ferret: "Scavenging for food. We're running low at home."

Korva: "Is there even food in here?"

Ferret: "Yes, but the master of the dungeon is very stingy and does not like to share it! It is unfair as he can easily make more! It's getting harder and harder to find lately!"
>>
No. 942332 ID: ce39da

Hang on, where's the door where you guys came in? We haven't seen anything like that so far.

Korva, what's your current inventory? Also, what else is in the room?
>>
No. 942348 ID: b1b4f3

>>942328
Alright carry the little dude on your shoulder while you examine the room.
>>
No. 942400 ID: 977456

That isn't a broken sword... it is a brand-new shiv!
>>
No. 943142 ID: 15a025
File 156632986567.png - (24.71KB , 800x800 , 44.png )
943142

>Hang on, where's the door where you guys came in?
I look behind me and see the door to the room is still here and open.
>>
No. 943143 ID: 15a025
File 156632988708.png - (23.21KB , 800x800 , 45.png )
943143

Korva: "Ah don't be too sad little ferret, look at your broken sword as a new shiv!"

Ferret: "Well, I guess it's usable if you put it like that."

Korva: "How about I let you rest on my shoulder? You can come with me if you like."

Ferret: "As long as you can promise you'll help me search for food."

Korva: "Sure!"

"Ferret" has joined the party.
>>
No. 943144 ID: 15a025
File 156632990665.png - (8.29KB , 800x800 , 46.png )
943144

>Korva, what's your current inventory?
Korva's current inventory:

Earrings [Equipped] Sword [Equipped] EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY
>>
No. 943145 ID: 15a025
File 156632992401.png - (24.16KB , 800x800 , 47.png )
943145

Korva: "So little ferret, where haps might we be right now?"

Ferret: "The armory, or what's left of it. We need to be careful, as a hell hound is usually on the watch."
>>
No. 943146 ID: 15a025
File 156632995224.png - (21.59KB , 800x800 , 48.png )
943146

Korva: "Oh hey a treasure chest!"

Treasure: "But am I just a treasure chest?"

Korva: "A talking treasure chest?"

Treasure Chest: "That's more like it!"

Korva: "Aw, you might talk the talk, but you've sure locked the lock."

Treasure Chest: "If you guess my prize inside, you can fill your pockets to their size."

I hear the little ferret groan.

Treasure Chest: "I'll even give you a riddle as a hint. I am sharp and light. I could pierce the skies with all my might, but not alone. What am I?"
>>
No. 943147 ID: b1b4f3

>>943146
An arrow.
>>
No. 943169 ID: ce39da

>>943142
No, I meant where's the entrance to the entire dungeon? Did you drop down a hole as a pair or something?
>>
No. 943175 ID: 977456

Grab the portrait of a [drumstick or potion] from behind you and use it as a distraction if the helenhound appears,

Eyes can be "sharp", work in light, very much pierce the skies if being figurative, typically work in pairs, and the kicker: "what am I?" : "I am eye!"!
So it must contain a frock! Because frocks are assembled using needles and needles have eyes.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason