[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 942551)
Message
File []
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 20000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 3799 unique user posts. View catalog

File 156578814155.png - (573.70KB , 600x600 , tglkols1_cropped.png )
942551 No. 942551 ID: e4aa95

(This quest may contain violence, blood and viscera, and sexual situations)

Long have I born the weight of servitude under Sorka. Cataloguing his affairs, greeting his guests, massaging his feet. But no longer!

Today I have done three things. I have stolen Lord Sorka's magical Wand of Horrid Corrosion, I have smashed his orrery, and most importantly I have taken his most luxurious garment!

For now, I have stopped at the tavern for a celebratory drink before I flee town to start a new life in far off lands.

(second post incoming)
Expand all images
>>
No. 942552 ID: e4aa95
File 156578817482.png - (378.57KB , 600x361 , tglkols2_cropped.png )
942552

The serving boy approaches. "Guab! You look marvelous, has Sorka allowed you access to his wardrobe?"

Oh how I would love to brag about my cunning to the rabble. But perhaps discretion is the wiser choice? What should I tell him?
>>
No. 942553 ID: ce39da

Discretion is the better part of valor. A simple "yes" will suffice.

Also, for those who don't know what an orrery is, I looked it up and it's a model of the solar system.
>>
No. 942554 ID: 2df440

Yes, the discrete one is rewarded.
>>
No. 942645 ID: 094652

[Smile] and keep your [frontal appendages] on your face.

"You could say that."
>>
No. 942673 ID: d9acdc

I was going to suggest we own up to it and recruit the serving boy to our cause- after all, there must surely be others who resent the cruel ways of Lord Sorka; I seem to be the odd one out though, so perhaps discretion is wiser, and this seed of impulse seeks to lead you astray.
>>
No. 942695 ID: 0fae41

Tell him you killed Sorka and ate the body.
>>
No. 942835 ID: e4aa95
File 156604460155.png - (573.56KB , 600x669 , tglkols3_cropped.png )
942835

>A simple "yes" will suffice.
>Yes, the discrete one is rewarded.
>recruit the serving boy to our cause
I smile coyly, "You could say that."

>Tell him you killed Sorka and ate the body.
Perhaps not the most discrete choice, but I cannot resist a good jest, "In truth, Sorka shall no longer have use of this fine kirtle, as this morning I cooked him and ate him for breakfast."

The serving boy looks shocked for a moment, and then he pulls up a chair next to me and sits. "Is that so? How did he taste? I have always contemplated the flavor of lofty folk-"

The serving boy is interrupted by a drunk hollering from across the room, "Guab! It looks like Sorka has just arrived outside, and he's brought an entourage. And what's this? He is naked!"

I approach the window and it is true! Lord Sorka, with his shifting multicolored eyes, is standing outside next to two armed men. Not sure why he's naked. But how did he know where to find me? I left no trail, I was incredibly meticulous...no, it doesn't matter now. I need to focus on escape.

My mind jumps to only three options. The first is to slip away undetected somehow, but Sorka's men are already circling the building. The Wand of Horrid Corrosion would most certainly kill Sorka, unless he is carrying an appropriate counter-charm. If I were to challenge him to a duel, he would be honorbound to accept, but he would soundly beat me in any fair contest of swordsmanship. Which should I attempt, or can you think of a completely different plan?
>>
No. 942836 ID: 2df440

Seduce sorka
>>
No. 942849 ID: 094652

Your gear has a tracker! Run like hell to the nearest dungeon and fight your way into danger! They might know where you are but you're the one with the monster-killing equipment!
>>
No. 942852 ID: d9acdc

>>942849
Before we can choose where to run to, we need to figure out our getaway plan. If our wand of corrosion could slay Lord Sorka, surely it could deal with the goons encircling our building. Instead of seducing Lord Sorka, perhaps we could seduce Gaub and run away together? A partner in crime never goes wrong except when it does! A riot to swarm Sorka and his guards would probably help cover our getaway as well.
>>
No. 942874 ID: 0fae41

He is likely prepared for the wand. Sneak out the back, and corrode anyone who tries to stop you!
>>
No. 942919 ID: e4aa95
File 156610998890.png - (399.15KB , 600x428 , tgkols4_pt1.png )
942919

>Seduce sorka
No! I left to escape Sorka, not to end up his concubine.

>Your gear has a tracker!
I tried to check for such possibilities, but one can never be sure when sorcery is involved. But what could be bearing the scrying enchantment? The wand? The garment? I would much prefer not to discard the garment, as I believe I look quite fetching in it.

>perhaps we could seduce Gaub and run away together? A partner in crime never goes wrong except when it does!
To clarify: I am Guab, ex-chamberlain of Lord Sorka. The serving boy's name I haven't troubled myself to remember. But a partner may be useful indeed...

>Sneak out the back, and corrode anyone who tries to stop you!
>A riot to swarm Sorka and his guards would probably help cover our getaway as well.
Yes! A brilliant plan begins to form!

First, I turn around and announce loudly to the entire room, "Listen! Everybody, hear me! Lord Sorka is here to destroy this tavern and to kill everyone inside!" Not too outlandish, since he immolated another public building last month for seemingly no reason. There's a moment of chilled silence before people begin to scramble over each other to reach the exits, drawing weapons and running this way and that.

Next, I rush back to where the confused serving boy is sitting and take his hands in mine. "I must save you from Sorka's wrath!"

"What? Me?" He sputters.

"Yes! Long have you caught my eye, but I have been too afraid to speak candidly of my love."

"Ahh..." he replies. "Aaahhh?"

"We must hurry!" I pull him to his feet and drag him around the bar.
>>
No. 942920 ID: e4aa95
File 156611006566.png - (469.51KB , 600x527 , tgkols4_pt2.png )
942920

Blocking the exit is one of Sorka's men. "Guab, halt!" He yells and I simultaneously cry out the incantations. A large ball of bright green bile issues forth from the outstretched wand and knocks the guard clear off his feet and clings to his flesh. I shuffle by with the serving boy in tow. The guard's agonized shrieks fill the air.

Sorka will only be distracted for so long, and his magic may yet reach us at long distance. Should we hide in a nearby building? Keep running until we reach the forest? Something more creative?
>>
No. 942921 ID: 094652

Run away, then throw them off the trail by literally trailing acid in an arc to mislead them. Find somewhere they aren't willing to follow.
>>
No. 942942 ID: 9246e9

>>942921
Do this, try to avoid collateral damage though.
>>
No. 942945 ID: 3ed3c3

>>942920
Serpentine! Serpentine!
Duck through buildings and back alleys while heading for the forest.
>>
No. 942952 ID: d9acdc

>>942920
>Seduce Gaub
>But I'm Gaub!

Self love is important!

>Sorka found us despite covering our tracks
>Who knows how far his magic tracks us

If we cannot run nor hide, then we must outsmart him, and lay an ambush! If we can lure him away from the guards and goad him into a duel, your new friend can strike from the shadows and lay him low!
>>
No. 943378 ID: e4aa95
File 156654675568.png - (353.51KB , 600x372 , tgkols5_cropped.png )
943378

>Self love is important!
There will be time for that later!

>If we can lure him away from the guards and goad him into a duel, your new friend can strike from the shadows and lay him low!
"Listen to me, serving boy! You must take this sword and stab Lord Sorka in the back while I distract him by challenging him to a duel." I say, handing him the sword next to the puddle of guard.

"Wha?" He stammers, "Stab Sorka?"

"Yes! Now is not the time for hesitation!"

Instead, he lets the sword fall from his limp hands. It is a good plan, but perhaps our new partner is not ready to spring into action just yet. In fact, his mouth is wide agape with bewilderment.

>Run away, then throw them off the trail by literally trailing acid in an arc to mislead them.
>try to avoid collateral damage though.
>Serpentine! Serpentine!
>Duck through buildings and back alleys while heading for the forest.
Unfortunately, the acid seems to dissipate nearly as quickly as it is conjured. But I do leave a few globs in front of the exit, in places that random people are unlikely to blunder into.

Just before we round a corner between buildings, Lord Sorka emerges from the back of the tavern, carefully stepping around the acid. The shifting light from his eyes dances hypnotically across his lithe form. "Guab!" He roars, "You are a dead fool!"

There's a deafening crack as his spell sets fire to a building in front of us, but Sorka does not continue chase when we escape from view.
>>
No. 943380 ID: e4aa95
File 156654719393.png - (498.31KB , 559x600 , tgkols5_pt2.png )
943380

We eventually make it to the forest, and the serving boy falls down onto his haunches. He seems a little distressed. Perhaps he needs more seducing? I have never attempted to seduce commoners before. It will have to be quick though, Sorka can surely find us again!

>Find somewhere they aren't willing to follow.
That would be the ruins two days' hike north. Sorka is afraid to go there, because they are filled with ghosts. But I am well versed in dealing with maledictions!
>>
No. 943478 ID: 16d082

before anything else, our reluctant companion needs a pep talk! Surely, merely being seen next to you is enough to incur Sorka’s wrath if he ever returns to the tavern, so he’s stuck with us, and will need to be hardened into an outlaw adventurer over time.
Of course, out-right seduction will prove a more lengthy process: Endure your new life with only each other for support, grow and learn new skills alongside each other, develop a steadfast bond over time, then eventually get gay-bipedal-monster-married in a far-away land; wearing that same Kirtle, of course.
fantastic art style by the way
>>
No. 943622 ID: e4aa95
File 156681085612.png - (435.92KB , 600x471 , tglkols6_cropped.png )
943622

>before anything else, our reluctant companion needs a pep talk! Surely, merely being seen next to you is enough to incur Sorka’s wrath if he ever returns to the tavern, so he’s stuck with us, and will need to be hardened into an outlaw adventurer over time.
I go over the virtues of freedom and forging one's own path, but he seems unresponsive.

"Why, Guab? Why did you get me involved in this? Sorka will kill me!"

"Yes. Which means you have no choice but to accompany me. What are you waiting for?" This seems to do nothing to ease his despondence.

I can think of nothing else that might move him. "Would you like," I say through clenched teeth, "to wear the kirtle, for a little while?" He looks up at me, somewhat shocked, and after a quick clothing swap we are finally moving again. We have a long walk ahead of us, should I say anything else to him?

>Endure your new life with only each other for support, grow and learn new skills alongside each other, develop a steadfast bond over time, then eventually get gay-bipedal-monster-married in a far-away land; wearing that same Kirtle, of course.
It does sound good to have a companion...

>fantastic art style by the way
Your compliment made my day. Thank you.

>>
No. 944021 ID: 16d082

come on, fellow lurkers, let’s start suggesting
we should converse about our pasts to get to know each other better, of course avoiding the topic of family because he probably won’t be seeing them any time soon. How were his experiences at the tavern, and what’s his name, anyway? And was there a specific event that caused us to finally snap and betray Lord Sorka, stealing his precious kirtle?
Speaking of which, let’s hope the road ahead isn’t too muddy or dusty as to dirty it. It’s our kirtle now, and we’re proud of it.
>>
No. 944023 ID: 3ed3c3

You know what would be useful.
Some kind of riding animal.
>>
No. 944054 ID: 9c4f92

Warn him about the ghosts and what to do if you run into some.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason