[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 946246)
Message
File []
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 20000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 3905 unique user posts. View catalog

File 157001761244.png - (100.75KB , 1500x1500 , 0000.png )
946246 No. 946246 ID: 5a5548

this quest may contain scenes and themes related to self harm, drug addiction, and suicide.

Hey there. you still with me? it's been a long night, but we're just getting started. you're listening to Night City.
Expand all images
>>
No. 946247 ID: 5a5548
File 157001763407.png - (446.48KB , 1500x1198 , 0001.png )
946247

>>
No. 946248 ID: 5a5548
File 157001764775.png - (445.43KB , 1500x1213 , 0002.png )
946248

>>
No. 946249 ID: 5a5548
File 157001766145.png - (598.13KB , 1500x1765 , 0003.png )
946249

>>
No. 946250 ID: 5a5548
File 157001791947.png - (675.76KB , 1500x1601 , 0004.png )
946250

the Driver begins to nod off again. she's been drowsy since... before she can remember. she needs to stay awake.

A: keep talking to the Hitchhiker. conversation should rouse her.
B: turn up the radio. Night City is playing. some kind of late night DJ with a flair for the dramatic.
C: check around the car. she remembers she likes to drink coffee. or she liked to? maybe she has a bottle or a can of something laying around to perk her up.
D: something else. anything to keep herself alert until she gets... wherever she's supposed to be going.
>>
No. 946251 ID: ad51b8

>A: keep talking to the Hitchhiker. conversation should rouse her.

one trick is to help stay awake is to sing along with a radio song to help you focus on something to stay awake, but having someone to engage with in a conversation will be more mentally stimulating and should help you stay awake a bit longer so go do that.
>>
No. 946253 ID: 7ebbf9

Yeah keep talking.
>>
No. 946254 ID: eeb7d9

>>946251
I agree with this.
>>
No. 946255 ID: e7dcb0

B. I want to learn more about this DJ.
>>
No. 946257 ID: e7c7d3

B. Can't rely that this hitchhiker will keep up a decent conversation.
>>
No. 946267 ID: 977456

Lick the air fresheners. Actually go ahead and gnaw on them a little.
>>
No. 946285 ID: 0fae41

C. Nobody else is on the road anyway.
>>
No. 946295 ID: b1b4f3

If you're on the verge of passing out you should pull over to the side of the road, evict the hitchhiker, lock all the doors then get some sleep.
>>
No. 946321 ID: 5a5548
File 157009090875.png - (932.97KB , 1500x1713 , 0005.png )
946321

>>
No. 946322 ID: 5a5548
File 157009091996.png - (543.91KB , 1500x1618 , 0006.png )
946322

>>
No. 946323 ID: 5a5548
File 157009092880.png - (358.60KB , 1500x1271 , 0007.png )
946323

>>
No. 946324 ID: 5a5548
File 157009095274.png - (709.80KB , 1500x1840 , 0008.png )
946324

>>
No. 946325 ID: 5a5548
File 157009128660.png - (643.63KB , 1500x1844 , 0009.png )
946325

the Driver begins to remember. traces of memories come back to her, like a dream.

A: "...I've been sober for about a week now, and the cravings have gotten out of hand."
B: "...things at my house have gotten weird. I needed to get away from my parents for a while."
C: "...I've been having some issues with... God. or whatever I believe in."
D: "...actually, nevermind. I'm just having a bad night, I guess."
>>
No. 946326 ID: 8f7f3a

B
>>
No. 946327 ID: 2df440

A
>>
No. 946328 ID: 977456

C: They have just been the worst roommate. Bringing in rowdy prayer groups at all hours, playing their televangelists too loud, Putting their little symbols all over the shared stuff, Badgering you that all your food has to be blessed, the fridge is always stuffed with fishes and loaves so there is no room for anything edible, and as a dedicated teetotaller you DO NOT appreciate that all the water turns into wine as soon as it enters the room. You don't even like cooking with that stuff. And they are so popular. You can't complain about anything without being shouted down, they just don't understand when you try to explain that it might actually be difficult to get help with something, and everyone is either hassling you for every tiny detail, or just ignoring you while hanging round constantly, or, ugh, the jealous types are full-on scary sometimes! Sure, you still like the faith and all, but you just... really need a break...
>>
No. 946331 ID: e51896

C
>>
No. 946332 ID: 0fae41

D
>>
No. 946355 ID: a9af05

>>946325
Good news, the adrenaline of being followed will help you stay awake.

Bad news, you're being followed.

>Why are you driving?
B
>>
No. 946358 ID: e7c7d3

B.) Coming out to your your parents is never easy. Especially since..
C.) They're super religious, but the way they reacted kind of makes you question the whole thing.
>>
No. 946359 ID: 094652

B) Once upon a time, your parents were completely normal. Almost too normal, they never complained, even when the world started going mad. Now they're senile from old age, and you're not sure you like the end result.
>>
No. 946372 ID: 0e2ebe

B
>>
No. 946422 ID: 5a5548
File 157017888433.png - (477.86KB , 1500x1709 , 0010.png )
946422

>>
No. 946423 ID: 5a5548
File 157017889552.png - (334.34KB , 1500x743 , 0011.png )
946423

>>
No. 946424 ID: 5a5548
File 157017890701.png - (443.73KB , 1500x1316 , 0012.png )
946424

>>
No. 946426 ID: 5a5548
File 157017911909.png - (401.74KB , 1500x1109 , 0013.png )
946426

A: the Driver keeps going ahead. somehow, even though the thought terrifies her, she knows she will end up on the bridge eventually anyway.
B: the Drive takes the exit. she has to get off this road. anywhere else would be preferable.
C: the driver chooses to do something else. she knows either road is going to lead to a bad outcome. perhaps she can find a third option this time?
>>
No. 946429 ID: ad51b8

>taste like a moth full of sea water
>bridge ahead
oh...huh. probably unrelated
Oh well let's go with
B
and hope that pilgrimage road has somewhere to pick up some coffee with whatever other discoveries we may learn along the way.
>>
No. 946446 ID: e7c7d3

B. Don't miss you exit!
>>
No. 946468 ID: 977456

C: There seems to be, like, no terrain at all out there. Go off-roading for a bit, just muck about in circles or something to take the edge off. Also check if the people following you drive past when you more-or-less pull-over.
or you could take a u-turn and play chicken with your pursuers, but where is the fun in that?
>>
No. 946469 ID: eeb7d9

Aw man, i hate choices. You know what, fuck it, let's go with C. Go left and see what happens.
>>
No. 946478 ID: 094652

C) Park your car behind the pole and hunker down for a fight! Or if the tailgaters are just other cars confused about your behavior, get some sleep before this voice drives you insane.
>>
No. 946493 ID: 0fae41

Take the bridge. The difference in noise backdrop could be refreshing for a change.
>>
No. 946497 ID: b1b4f3

C: let the hitchhiker drive while you nap.
>>
No. 946570 ID: e7dcb0

This time?
C. Go left. There has to be something there.
>>
No. 946596 ID: 15a025

C. Go left. If you know both the paths ahead are going to end poorly, then it's time to blaze your own trail.
>>
No. 946739 ID: 943a97

>>946426
C, because you're an adult and society (nor roads) can tell you what to do! 😎
>>
No. 946741 ID: 5a5548
File 157052499276.png - (575.57KB , 1500x1875 , 0014.png )
946741

>>
No. 946742 ID: 5a5548
File 157052500642.png - (554.53KB , 1500x2100 , 0015.png )
946742

>>
No. 946743 ID: 5a5548
File 157052501744.png - (404.67KB , 1500x1254 , 0016.png )
946743

>>
No. 946744 ID: 5a5548
File 157052504134.png - (466.40KB , 1500x1206 , 0017.png )
946744

>>
No. 946745 ID: 5a5548
File 157052506075.png - (478.51KB , 1500x1271 , 0018.png )
946745

>>
No. 946746 ID: 5a5548
File 157052508725.png - (553.59KB , 1500x1567 , 0019.png )
946746

>>
No. 946747 ID: 5a5548
File 157052535126.png - (870.00KB , 1500x2027 , 0020.png )
946747

the Driver's adrenaline spikes as the full extent of the situation is beginning to dawn on her. she swallows her fear and continues forward.

A: the Driver turns on the radio. she needs something to distract her desperately.
B: the Driver digs around the car for something to keep her occupied. perhaps a lighter or something to fidget with while she drives.
C: the Driver continues to talk with the hitchhiker, although speaking with them is beginning to give her a similarly eerie feeling.
D: something else. she's got about 30 minutes until she's in the city. she needs to calm her nerves until then, or she thinks she's going to have a panic attack.
>>
No. 946748 ID: 094652

D: "Hey hitchhiker, in case you're wondering what just happened and not a metaphysical construct of my philosophical inner turmoil, I appear to have driven myself insane with insomnia. Heh. Driven. Stigma. Sodom. Wanna [something undignified] until I pass out?"
>>
No. 946749 ID: 977456

D: Stop for a moment to get out and kiss the mascot on the Stigmata city sign. It'll only take, what, 20 seconds? and you'll get to know that you did something that nobody sane has ever done before.
>>
No. 946751 ID: ad51b8

>A: the Driver turns on the radio. she needs something to distract her desperately.
>>
No. 946755 ID: eeb7d9

Well fuck, ilusion of choice? Great.
A and C?
>>
No. 946761 ID: e7c7d3

A: Definitely need a thrid voice in here.
>>
No. 946766 ID: b1b4f3

>>946747
A! I wanna hear the DJ.
>>
No. 946790 ID: 0fae41

B. Light a match to see the dash. Then you'll start to pray.
>>
No. 946799 ID: c0e130

>>946747
C
>>
No. 946834 ID: ad51b8

>>946790
oh what fun it is to drive this rusty Chevrolet.
>>
No. 947017 ID: 15a025

A


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason