[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 211320)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39865 unique user posts. View catalog

File 127992701314.png - (83.98KB , 700x500 , Title.png )
211320 No. 211320 ID: 6547ec

This quest follows Tezakia Quest. It is recommended that you read that quest, which can be found here: >>/questarch/208618

This quest's existence is a spoiler for that quest, so my bad :C
Expand all images
>>
No. 211321 ID: 6547ec
File 127992704363.png - (102.62KB , 700x500 , 1.png )
211321

A long time ago, Jiniki was a sad and lonely girl. She was separated from her mother, who had succumb to a dangerous force known as "majicka". Majicka mutated them both, turning her mother into a huge monster, and herself into what she is today.

Recently, her mother had been cured of majicka's corruption, and now the both of them seek out their home in order to start a new, peaceful life. Jiniki retains her majicka powers, and is capable of moving objects around. If she wanted to, she could probably even use her LONG RANGE MAJICKA COMMUNICATION to talk to her friends for some hilarious cameos. That'd be silly, though.
>>
No. 211322 ID: 6547ec
File 127992705863.png - (43.41KB , 700x500 , 2.png )
211322

Their backpacks contain various supplies to get them through the desert. Jiniki's mother, Ishiji (renamed by Amiel to be "Susan"), wishes they could have found a compass. The HAND TORCH should be handy for making fires if they can find the materials, and the UHIKI'SHA, a device that can shoot high voltage electricity at short range, has five uses.
>>
No. 211323 ID: 6547ec
File 127992707247.png - (112.35KB , 700x500 , 3.png )
211323

Susan checks the map she drew based on everyone's knowledge of their surroundings. They are currently just outside of Zalika, a safe haven for all races, and they hope to get north of the Tezakian nation, where their home should still lie. What should they do?
>>
No. 211325 ID: a1995b

Use the Vision Enhancifier to look for interesting shaped rocks in the distance.
>>
No. 211329 ID: 0b2a05

Funny rocks?! MUST INVESTIGATE!
>>
No. 211330 ID: b124fe

yes, go to the rocks, then the oasis north of them then a straight shot west.
>>
No. 211338 ID: a41aaf

Find rocks. Looks for round ones especially: if they are cracked, the cracks will tend to be aligned north-south due to solar heating.
>>
No. 211350 ID: 6547ec
File 127993216750.png - (75.86KB , 700x500 , 4.png )
211350

>>211325
>>211329
Susan gets a closer look at the rocks. Apparently when Sekani mentioned "one huge giant rock" he meant to say "actually it's a bunch of smaller ones". Hey, wait...
>>
No. 211352 ID: 6547ec
File 127993222943.png - (71.29KB , 700x500 , 5.png )
211352

She zooms in further.

Oh. There's the big rock he was talking about.

"What do you see, mommy? Jiniki asks, using her majicka to communicate.

"I believe I'm looking at an encampment. Judging from the flyers I'd say they are Tezakians."
>>
No. 211354 ID: 6547ec
File 127993227244.png - (71.66KB , 700x500 , 6.png )
211354

Hmm. Didn't that bird mention something about a war between the Tezakians and the Lians? Maybe this is a military outpost.

"Well, let's go say hi! We can make all kinds of new friends and it'll be super great and maybe we can share some candy even though it'd probably melt in the sun and then we'd all be super messy~"

Jiniki tends to ramble when she gets excited.

>>211330
As far as Susan knows, the Tezakians are neutral to her and Jiniki's race, so it should be safe there. Should she take any precautions?

>>211338
Susan feels her CHANCE OF GETTING COMPLETELY AND HOPELESSLY LOST drop a good bit.
>>
No. 211357 ID: a1995b

Your daughter's weird glowiness might freak those folks out. CONSIDER THIS.
>>
No. 211361 ID: a594b9

>>211354
Precautions? Uh... Well, getting a closer look at the camp, and checking it out again with the v-e might be worth it. Otherwise, Jiniki should hang back a little behind you so if they're hostile she's in less immediate danger.
>>
No. 211367 ID: 0b2a05

Precautions... yeah, hiding the glowy might be a good idea. Other than that, play it by ear to see how paranoid they are about people going in and out of the territory.
>>
No. 211379 ID: 0dfb3c

Call Sekani and ask him if he knows anything about this outpost. They likely to be friendly or hostile towards Klis-khar? ...Or do they even know about them? He didn't seem to recognize the buggyfolk when he first arrived at Rishkahn, but we never said our boy Sekani was ever too bright.
>>
No. 211419 ID: 6547ec

>>211357
She's not likely to understand 'stop glowing it is scary', so just tell her to glow a color Tezakians can't see. Bonus points if making her glow gamma rays gives you superpowers again.
>>
No. 211424 ID: 6547ec
File 127994293675.png - (81.38KB , 700x500 , 7.png )
211424

>>211379
"Hi mister birdie~" Jiniki says to Sekani through long range communication.

"Oh-- um, hello," he replies, "What's up?" Everything okay?"

"I think so. We found a bunch of other birdies near the giant rock and we're not sure if they like us or not. Do birdies like us?"

"Um, well, Tezakians are really heavily focused on the Lians, so we don't really spend a lot of time dealing with other races. I think I might have sort of kind of fallen asleep in the class that talked about your kind. But um, we're told not to hurt any non-Lians that don't appear threatining."

There's a pause before he continues, sounding almost as if he was thinking aloud to himself. "Strange. we don't normally camp out in the desert..."

>>211361
Upon closer inspection, it seems the majority of the people at the camp are conversing. From this distance it's impossible to tell much more than that, but Susan makes note to check again once they're closer.
>>
No. 211425 ID: 6547ec
File 127994294654.png - (78.85KB , 700x500 , 8.png )
211425

>>211357
>>211367
"Jiniki, can you turn off your glowing?" Susan asks.

"What? Why?"

"I'm just worried it might scare them."

She instantly regrets her choice of words.

"What? But I'm not scary. I'm pretty now-- Everyone said so. They weren't lying, were they?"

Jiniki's glowing changes color as it often does to show her mood. It looks like Susan's attempts to be a better mother are not off to a good start.
>>
No. 211429 ID: 2ab682

"of course not, you is very pretty. but people often fear new things no matter how wonderful they are."
>>
No. 211431 ID: a1995b

"Of course you're beautiful, but you're also different, and people are scared of things they don't understand."
>>
No. 211432 ID: a594b9

>>211425
She's very pretty. Unusually so, in fact. Things that are unusual could cause paranoid people to be suspicious. It's just something that might be a good idea to turn off when meeting guards or something. After the introductions are complete, it'll be fine.
>>
No. 211440 ID: c4c313

Of course you're pretty... pretty scary! Ha!
>>
No. 211448 ID: 0dfb3c

Jini is a pretty-pretty princess, but ninja princesses can't infiltrate places if they're glowing!
>>
No. 211466 ID: 0b2a05

She IS pretty, that's just it. Not everyone is as pretty as her, they could feel... bad about themselves...?
>>
No. 211587 ID: 6547ec
File 12799593532.jpg - (20.18KB , 507x304 , 23-disgaea-719200.jpg )
211587

Jiniki, didn't you always want to be a ninja? You must be quiet and invisible.
>>
No. 211610 ID: 6547ec
File 127996112910.png - (58.07KB , 700x500 , 9.png )
211610

>>211429
>>211431
>>211432
"That's not it at all, Jiniki."

"It's not?"

"It's just that creatures tend to fear those they don't understand. Your glowing is... Um..."
>>
No. 211611 ID: 6547ec
File 127996114323.png - (156.76KB , 700x500 , 10.png )
211611

>>211587
>>211448
"Your glowing is so pretty that everyone would get scared from jealousy! Hehehahaha!"

"Really!?" Jiniki perks up instantly.

"Of course! And more than that, you're a ninja princess, so you need to try and hide your pretty colors so we don't overwhelm them with how beautiful you are!"

Susan is the worst final boss ever.

"I knew it! I always knew I was a super awesome ninja princess! Okay mommy, I'll hide my colors SUPER good so they don't get jealous!"
>>
No. 211613 ID: 6547ec
File 12799611528.png - (93.09KB , 700x500 , 11.png )
211613

They approach the encampment after a couple of hours. One of the Tezakians sees them and starts heading their way. It peeps loudly at them, but they are unable to understand it. A few others poke their heads out of their tents.

Susan wonders if this was such a great idea.
>>
No. 211622 ID: e96440

it's only one and they seem to be curious not angry. probably loud to get your attention.
>>
No. 211624 ID: a594b9

>>211613
What? Language issues? Sekani didn't seem to have any trouble talking to you before. Um, just stay still and ask if there's anyone here that speaks your language.
>>
No. 211632 ID: 6547ec

Hands out in the open, where they can see them. All your hands.

Jiniki, expect to be spending some time relaying messages back and forth with Sekani, unless you happen to know crazy bird languages. You can do those cute chirp sounds, right?
>>
No. 211650 ID: 0b2a05

"SEKANI IT'S PEEPING WHAT DO I DO"
>>
No. 211755 ID: 4c7b39

Probably just a negotiator, or a diplomat, or someone just checking to see if you're carrying guns or weapons or whatnot.

Just let him come, stand right there, and don't look threatening.

You were a queen once. You know how to be a diplomat. Or at least a commander. I think.
>>
No. 211923 ID: 6547ec
File 128001678211.png - (74.23KB , 700x500 , 12.png )
211923

>>211650
>>211632
"MISTER BIRDIE IT'S PEEPING WHAT DO I DO"

"What's he or she saying?"

"Um... Peep peep peep peep peep peep?"

"My girlfriend is NOT a slut! I mean sure she's been spending a lot of time with Dilia lately but that doesn't mean anything! Tell them that they can peep peep peep peep!"

"Huh? um..."
Jiniki tries to copy Sekani's message, causing the Tezakian to give a questioning "Perp?"
>>
No. 211926 ID: 6547ec
File 128001690546.png - (88.48KB , 700x500 , 13.png )
211926

>>211755
>>211624
>>211622
They do their best to appear friendly and non-threatening. The Tezakian seems to relax a little.

"Oh, how rude of me," It says. "Of course you can't speak our language. Do you speak the common language?"

"Yes, we do." Susan replies.

"Okay, good. You're... Kris-kahn, aren't you?"

"Klis-khar, yes."

"What are you doing so far south?"

Susan wonders if she should make something up or explain about the facility. Currently, Sekani and the others are turning it into a place of peace, with intent to stop the Lian-Tezakian war. There's no saying how these people would react to that.

"The little one looks kind of...strange. Almost as if she's glowing a little bit."

Oh dear. Jiniki doesn't seem to be suppressing her glow as well as they hoped.
>>
No. 211942 ID: a594b9

>>211926
You could say... you had gotten treatment for your daughter at the facility south of here. The glowing is a side effect of that treatment. Say that she can control the glowing, too, and that it looks pretty.

This is very close to the truth, yet omits the bits that would make them nervous.
>>
No. 211953 ID: d4c931

Insist it's just the light reflecting in weird ways. She just shed, and is still a little... moist. Hopefully, he'll get the message and be too skeeved out to ask further.
>>
No. 211970 ID: 059120

>>211926
She's just glowing with excitement about seeing all these new places and people! We've been traveling around the world for a long time, and we're on our way back home now. We haven't passed through this area before, could we get directions to... (were are we headed? Would they even know of it?)
>>
No. 212044 ID: 4c7b39

"Oh, that? It's just something she does."

If anyone questions why she is able to glow, respond with a confused look and a shrug.
>>
No. 212110 ID: 6547ec
File 128004500195.png - (86.09KB , 700x500 , 14.png )
212110

>>211942
Susan isn't sure that she wants them to know about the facility just yet.

>>211953
>>212044
>>211970
"Oh, we do that sometimes. This is the first time she's seen so many Tezakians, so she's... glowing with excitement!"

Susan laughs nervously, and is somewhat thankful nobody has any sunglasses.

Jiniki doesn't say anything. A true ninja princess is silent and deadly, and then finds the prince and saves the day~
>>
No. 212112 ID: 6547ec
File 128004514534.png - (121.33KB , 700x500 , 15.png )
212112

"That's pretty interesting," the Tezakian says. "I don't see any weapons on you, so I'm going to assume you're not here to cause trouble. You can, um, put your arms down."

They comply. Susan's arms were growing sore, so she's thankful. Sitting in a portal for two generations is bad for your muscles.

It continues. "You're welcome to rest here, but try not to get in anybody's way. This is a military camp, so some of us are really busy."

"I see," Susan replies. "Thanks, miss...ter...?"

"Oh, I'm Neks. Um, generally females are duller and their tails point downward if you're confused about gender."

Susan asks about the surrounding area in hopes of getting pointed in the right direction. Necks points in a specific direction, saying if they head northwest they can reach an oasis. Then it's more or less west to the Klis-Khar area. He admits he's not all that sure where the Klis-khar area actually lies, though.
>>
No. 212116 ID: 788388

thank him for the info and ask around a little for more but try to be unobtrusive.
>>
No. 212117 ID: a594b9

>>212112
Okay, rest for a little while, since they offered their hospitality.
>>
No. 212147 ID: 0b2a05

You know... that's a... very interesting thing wrapped around his wing. Ask about it, would you?
>>
No. 212199 ID: 4c7b39

Oh. And ask where one can find those Tezakian Fashion Pants like that one purple male in back. Say you have a friend that lost a pair of his and wanted to something nice for his hatching day.

Just a thought for something nice to give if you ever run into Sekani again.
>>
No. 212295 ID: 6547ec
File 128010132710.png - (62.22KB , 700x500 , 16.png )
212295

>>212116
>>212147
"So what's that on your arm?" Susan asks.

"Oh, this is my military armband. It marks me as a rank three scout." He smiles a bit, or at least seems to. "I've flown about thirty missions to Lian and I've yet to be spotted! My feathers make me nearly invisible during sundown."

Susan presses for more information, and learns that the Tezakian nation is preparing an all-out assault on the Lians to finally make some headway in their war. They sent a low level scout to one possible weak point, but he never returned. Another scout had been dispatched just one day prior, and should be nearing their location pretty soon.

"Mommy," Jiniki communicates so that only Susan can hear her, "That scout might find Mister Birdie. Maybe they'll be friends~"

Neks continues to explain that they've been seeing sandworms nearby, so Susan and Jiniki should be on their guard.
>>
No. 212296 ID: 6547ec
File 128010134365.png - (103.28KB , 700x500 , 17.png )
212296

>>212199
>>212117
It's difficult to put into words how Susan feels about what that bird had done. It's very strange to both lose and gain everything in one fleeting moment. Still, she feels she owes him at least this much.

"He was upset when he lost his old pants so I think this will make him super happy~"

"...Yeah."

Susan isn't sure how she's even going to get these to him.
>>
No. 212298 ID: 6c4471

we'll figure it out later.
>>
No. 212341 ID: 4c7b39

Can't you just mail them? Aren't going to that one town with Dilia?

At any rate, ask around and find out why this war's going on anyway.
>>
No. 212366 ID: 9b3c5d

>firepunc- wait, that doesn't apply here.

Jini: totally call Sekani to rendevouz to pick up his pants. It's not like you're that far out. Just make sure you do it at night and outside of the camp's range.
>>
No. 212369 ID: e973f4

>>212366
failing that
>>212341
>>
No. 212398 ID: c4c313

You guys are secret missionaries! Your quest is to find the unhappy and downtrodden, and lead them to your safe haven! You have to be secret at first though, to keep only one kind or another from taking the place by storm.
>>
No. 212443 ID: 6547ec
File 128013261418.png - (59.72KB , 700x500 , 18.png )
212443

Susan adds the SOMEWHAT MUNDANE TEZAKIAN FASHION PANTS to her inventory.

>>212398
>>212366
"Go ahead and contact the bird and see if he can come out tonight. I guess we could stand to wait here so he can get these. Maybe have him bring some more food and water just in case."

"Okay~"

A few moments pass.

"Um, he says okay. He also wonders if we could try to break some of these birdies' stuff so they can't fight the Lians because he wants to make less people die and I think we should help them and make them not want to die too. He says 'pleeaassseee'"

"Hmm. we did set out to help people. I think we should try to convince them to abandon the war and head to the facility. If that doesn't work, sabatage might be our only option."

"I'll help them with my ninja princess powers!"
>>
No. 212444 ID: 6547ec
File 128013262477.png - (53.13KB , 700x500 , 19.png )
212444

>>212341
All three of them are staying in Zalika to turn it into a place of peace between the Tezakians and the Lians, as far as Susan knows.

"Excuse me--"

"Peep? I mean. Yes?"

"I was just wondering. Why are you guys fighting the Lians, anyway?"

"Wow. Have you been under a rock this whole time?"

"Something like that."

"The way I hear it, our leader's son was going to marry their princess when she turned up dead. They blamed us for it, but they obviously framed us so they could convince their people to go to war! We're just trying to survive out here."

"I see. Thank you."

"I might be remembering my facts wrong, of course. This happened before I was born."

In the distance, they hear a frantic bird call.
>>
No. 212445 ID: 6547ec
File 128013263530.png - (113.20KB , 700x500 , 20.png )
212445

Oh dear. That could become an issue.
>>
No. 212446 ID: 6547ec

If that's another Pikachu, there is going to be violence.
>>
No. 212447 ID: 0b2a05

...Oh boy. Quickly ask everything they know about those things!
>>
No. 212469 ID: a41aaf

Fighting it directly would be effective, but would probably alienate you from the Tezakians. If you can, try and redirect the worm away from the Tezakians themselves, but towards whatever machinery they're intending to use for the war effort.
>>
No. 212474 ID: 8e11a3

>>212469
ah yes, random worm comes by and wreaks all their stuff they can't attack. and they can't blame anyone.
>>
No. 212513 ID: 0dfb3c

Right, a sandworm. We've got to be totally subtle about that one.

...Naaah, who'm I kidding? Blow it up, Jiniki!
>>
No. 212517 ID: 4c7b39

I don't suppose that we can just let it come here and see the Tezakians in action so we can tell what's important to them.
>>
No. 212536 ID: a1995b

Let the Tezakians fight it. Maybe it'll wreck something vital and set them back a while on the war effort!
>>
No. 212538 ID: f3536b

You're just two poor civilian Klis-khar. Let the Tezakians handle it.
>>
No. 212545 ID: c4c313

Worms hunting birds.

madness
>>
No. 212638 ID: 6547ec
File 128019725846.png - (78.51KB , 700x500 , 21.png )
212638

>>212517
>>212447
Hmm, they seem to be moving to protect that wagon that's been here this entire time.

"What's a sand worm?" Susan asks as they scramble.

"Normally they're just large worms and aren't a problem, but the ones in this area are... different. They're very threatening-- Let us handle this!"
>>
No. 212640 ID: 6547ec
File 128019728869.png - (150.93KB , 700x500 , 22.png )
212640

>>212538
>>212536
>>212474
The Tezakians attack by throwing EXPLOSIVE DEVICES at the worm, but they don't seem to do a lot of damage.

Susan whispers. "Jiniki, if you can get the worm to crash into that wagon, then... um, people won't die so much."

"Ooh! You're so smart, mommy~"

Jiniki guides the worm as the Tezakians continue flinging explosives at it.

"Oh no," Neks exclaims, "It's heading right for the bomb cache!"

"It's heading for the what!?"
>>
No. 212657 ID: c4c313

>>212640

Oh man so many people are going to die so hard.

Jiniki, forget about the wyrm, keep that wagon from getting so much as rocked!
>>
No. 212663 ID: 38e5df

have the worm swallow the wagon whole, dive underground and leave. they will be very confused but no one will die.
>>
No. 212664 ID: 4c7b39

I don't suppose you could contain contain the blast, or protect the Tezakians so that no-one gets hurt?
>>
No. 212678 ID: 7e88ca

>>212663
yesyesyesyes!
>>
No. 212693 ID: 6547ec

>>212663
SANDWORM DISLIKES SMOKE
>>
No. 212734 ID: 0dfb3c

Move the wagon out towards the sandworm! :D Away from everyone else, of course. The sandworm and wagon should be friends~
>>
No. 212735 ID: 4c7b39

Wait. Before doing that, is there anyone in the wagon?
>>
No. 212740 ID: c4c313

>>212663

Can it... do that?
>>
No. 212855 ID: 6547ec
File 128024681864.png - (141.28KB , 700x500 , 23.png )
212855

>>212663
Jiniki forces the worm's mouth open and leads it right to the wagon! Much to everyone's surprise except hers, it swallows it hole and heads back underground.

>>212740
Apparently!

>>212735
Oops. Um, it didn't look like anyone was in it...
>>
No. 212856 ID: 6547ec
File 128024688084.png - (73.17KB , 700x500 , 24.png )
212856

There was something...familiar about that worm. This can't be a good sign.

"Well, I guess that's that. We can probably just let it go."

"That worm has majicka," Jiniki says, sounding strangely solemn.

"That can't be right. Are you sure?"

"I think so."

>>212664
"We should probably blow it up, then. Can you shield the encampment?"

"I'm getting too tired."

Jiniki's majicka is very powerful, but she's never been able to keep at it very long.

"Okay. Move the worm as far away as you can, and then take care of it."
>>
No. 212857 ID: 6547ec
File 128024690728.png - (156.04KB , 700x500 , 25.png )
212857

>>212734
This is how friendship works, right?

Jiniki triggers the bombs and the worm explodes! Hopefully there aren't any more of them.

Hmm. Susan hopes nobody was looking at Jiniki while she was doing all that.
>>
No. 212863 ID: 4c7b39

Quick, Jiniki, guard on your right! Go into stealth mode!
>>
No. 212866 ID: a594b9

>>212857
I think maybe we should get ready to run away.
>>
No. 212871 ID: e973f4

>>212857
>Susan hopes nobody was looking at Jiniki while she was doing all that.
Somebody was looking at Jiniki while she was doing all that. I don't know if you should try and come up with an on-the-spot cover story or what, though. :/
>>
No. 212878 ID: c16ebe

>she's... glowing with excitement!
This ought to be easy enough to play off of.

Hey Jiniki, have you ever seen sandworms that up close? It looked like you couldn't keep from waving your arms around in excitement.
>>
No. 213036 ID: c4c313

OH MY GOD don't blow up the--what, why? How would you like it if someone tried to blow you up just because you had majicka, instead of letting you get away! As for looking familiar, that worm had antenna, and segments like you guys... it was more like a centipede than a worm really. Otherwise, no idea.
>>
No. 213052 ID: 7e88ca

Hug our daughter for being an awesome ninja princess! Note 'She's scared!' if asked why. Jiniki, please talk to our friends in Zalika. "There are magic sand worms out here! They produce the most precious substance in the universe is the spice Melange. The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.They are majicka! Can someone find out about these things?"

Susan, how good of a Queen were you? could you use your Royal Diplomacy to stop this war? That would be nice and friendly?

Annnyway, what the heck happened to Rishik and Kaness? Didn't they never want to leave you?
>>
No. 213054 ID: 0dfb3c

*peers*

*peers closer*

Was that Magic Johnson?
>>
No. 213056 ID: 7e88ca

>>213054
Oh, crud a doodle do.
>>
No. 213110 ID: 6547ec
File 128029874994.png - (101.88KB , 700x500 , 26.png )
213110

>>212878
"Oh man that was SO AWESOME it was all PPSSSHHBBBBB and then I was all like WOOOAAAHH and then it was so super pretty~" Jiniki says honestly.

"Um, did... Was she...?" Neks asks.

"She's just really excited."

"But she spoke like, in my mind. I heard her voice in my head."

"We're psychic."

"Oh."

>>213036
Amiel-- is that the Lian? Amiel taught Jiniki the value of sentient life, but it looks like she hasn't yet realized that all life is...

Hmm. Finishing that sentence would be pretty hypocritical, wouldn't it. But it's probably for the best that she did what she did. Though the worm had survived so many years unnoticed, there was still a risk of somebody discovering it and learning about majicka.

>Annnyway, what the heck happened to Rishik and Kaness? Didn't they never want to leave you?

It's too risky. Susan don't want the Klis-khar nation to get its hand on any Ki-jaara. It's actually a huge risk taking Jiniki there, but with the right type of covering she can more or less pass for normal, and she's extremely good at escaping dangerous situations. Saying goodbye to them was really hard and coincided with Susan getting some dust in her eye.
>>
No. 213111 ID: 6547ec
File 128029876952.png - (41.15KB , 700x500 , 27.png )
213111

>>213054
NO. That's impossible. Susan tore him out of the Lian and...he couldn't have survived! Either way, he's dead now! Dead!

Just thinking about him fills Susan with the same fear and rage she felt the first time the Lian used him against her.
>>
No. 213112 ID: 6547ec
File 128029882762.png - (71.48KB , 700x500 , 28.png )
213112

>>213052
This time Jiniki decides to contact Tayza.

"Hi Tayza~"

"Oh, hi Jiniki~ Are you being a good girl~?"

"I'm super good! I'm a ninja princess!"

"Oh my~"

"Oh but um we found a worm and it had some majicka in it."


Tayza's tone shifts. "What? That can't be right, unless the scientists were so retarded that they injected majicka into everything within a 5 mile radius. Not that I'd put this kind of stupidity past them."

"I blew it up though~"

"Oh. Well that takes care of that, I guess. We'll see about making a sweep and injecting nearby animals with the Cure."

"Okay good. I'll see you later Tayza~ Tell Amiel I said hi!"

"Okay~ Be good~"


Suddenly, Neks begins yelling.

"Oh, great! The worm got our wagon! Now we have to go all the way back home to get another one! Once again this stupid war manages to screw me!" He continues shouting in Tezakian, presumably to swear some more. Those are some really menacing 'peeps'.
>>
No. 213113 ID: 0b2a05

Jiniki, walk up right close to him and ask as sweetly as you possibly can, "If it's so stupid, why are you doing it?"
>>
No. 213124 ID: 6547ec

Jiniki: Remember as many of those peeps for later as you can. They sound important.
>>
No. 213126 ID: f202ec

>>213124

Stole my plan. They could come in handy someday.
>>
No. 213172 ID: 7e88ca

>>213112
Oh god, don't remember any of those peeps.

Anyway, Susan, put a motherly hand on that shoulder and ask how else the war...ahem...messed with him. It sounds like he really don't like this war very much.
>>
No. 213269 ID: 0dfb3c

And if Magic Johnson just happened to be thrown into the giant world portal where he could find a sandworm in the desert and take it over, then - oh, but that's silly talk!

Jiniki! Time to burst out into a song! "Give peace a chaaaaance~"
>>
No. 213374 ID: 6547ec
File 128037604960.png - (79.57KB , 700x500 , 29.png )
213374

>>213124
Jiniki tries her best!

>>213172
"Hey, it's okay. How did the war mess with you? Is there anything we can do to help?" Susan asks.

Necks is silent for a moment.

>>213113
"Why are you fighting if it's doing bad things~? You should just not fight and be happy~"

His eyes glaze over for a moment, his anger turning to sorrow.
>>
No. 213375 ID: 6547ec
File 128037606691.png - (50.64KB , 700x500 , 30.png )
213375

"I have nothing else. I've lost my child and my mate to this war. I hate the Lians. I hate fighting them. I hate--" he gestures at the camp. "I hate this."

He sighs.

"I'm just tired, I guess. Tired of this war, tired of everything. But this is pretty much all I know, so I guess all I can do is continue pressing on. At least, that's what I keep telling myself, you know?"

"I understand," Susan says.
>>
No. 213380 ID: 4c7b39

Find a good place to sit down and talk to the guy, get him comfortable, and look concerned.

"What were they like?"
>>
No. 213382 ID: a594b9

>>213375
That's not true. There is another option. I think we should tell this guy about the facility.
>>
No. 213385 ID: c4c313

Ask him what if there's another option? Don't tell him about the facility yet. Gauge his reaction to that.
>>
No. 213545 ID: 9b3c5d

>>213385

Do this, but also remember he hates Lians and that there happen to be a few at the facility. Make sure he won't do anything stupid if he goes there before proposing the idea.
>>
No. 213553 ID: 7e88ca

>>213380
I like this. You're a caring mother, work with that.
>>
No. 213566 ID: 6547ec
File 128042127127.png - (102.93KB , 700x500 , 31.png )
213566

>>213380
He proceeds to tell them about his fallen ones, how his mate was the most beautiful Tezakian he had ever seen. She was going to go back to school and become a defender of the law. His son would always speak of how in these dark times nobody would ever just stop and appreciate all of Lakicia's gifts to them. He intended to start a flower shop once he had served his term, but he will never get the chance to.

Listening to his tale made Susan reflect on her own life. She was a kind queen once, but the magicka corruption had all but robbed her of that. She became cold and unfeeling, caring only for her ambitions and majicka's desires.

And yet, hearing this stranger tell his tale made her feel...strange. She couldn't quite describe it. She listens silently as his voice becomes strained and his breathing heavy. He must have been holding all of this in for a very long time.
>>
No. 213567 ID: 6547ec
File 128042150450.png - (63.91KB , 700x500 , 32.png )
213567

>>213382
>>213545
>>213385
"You've been through so much. Why don't you stop fighting? You've given more than enough for your country."

"Stop fighting? But this is all I know. I don't think I can just go home. Not to my lonely house."

"What if there was another option? What if there was a place you could go and serve your country without having to take any more lives? A place with the desire for peace between your nations."

"I, um."

"You shouldn't throw away your life out here, I don't think. Your skills could go a long way toward ending this war without putting more Tezakians and Lians through what you're suffering now."

He doesn't respond immediately, but his eyes betray a feeling of longing.

"...I-I couldn't just. I mean. I... I don't know. What about my men? What would they say?"
>>
No. 213569 ID: a14ff9

Does he know any other Tezakians who share his feelings about the war?
>>
No. 213580 ID: 0dfb3c

Even if his comrades don't harbour misgivings about the war currently, maybe speaking to Sekani and Amiel and the others would help them see the futility.
>>
No. 213660 ID: 9bd27f

>>213567

If he plays this wrong, he could end up being branded a traitor and deserter in the worst light, and the, uh, neutral zone could end up being branded a rebel camp instead.

Add to this the possibility that Tezakian command learns about majicka and believes it to be a weapon, developed by the Klis-khar, perhaps to aid their enemies, and you could end up with a bigger problem than you started with. Then there's that remote possibility that someone learns that you're the queen - er, were the queen, even in retrospect - and you have the possibility of a nice, fat, diplomatic incident to add to the whole lot.

Also remember that the Tezakian and Lian people hate each other. It is almost certainly the will of the people that is fueling the war, not the will of the front line soldiers. Convincing a few soldiers to desert would be very unlikely to even impede the war, but if you were identified as the cause of desertion, the people and government may be less likely to listen to you should you get a chance to talk to them.

Lastly, consider the implication of people accusing Jiniki of mind control should they learn that she can use majicka, and noting that formerly loyal soldiers become deserters after encountering her.

On another note, consider getting Jiniki some BEAUTIFUL PRINCESS DRESSES that just happen to cover her glowing bits. That ought to reduce the likelihood of her majicka being discovered, while also averting any reduction to her self esteem.
>>
No. 213715 ID: a594b9

>>213567
I think we should spend a little longer here, talking to each person to find out what their feelings are about the war.
>>
No. 213815 ID: 6547ec
File 128047313551.png - (62.05KB , 700x500 , 33.png )
213815

>>213569
"Do any of the others feel as you do?"

"I don't know. This isn't the kind of thing you go around talking about. You'd get accused of treason. I'm...kind of glad I got to talk to you about it, though. Thanks."

>>213580
"Well, I happen to know--"

>>213660
"...Um, what I mean to say is that you can talk to me any time you want. We'll be staying through the night, and I'd be happy to be a shoulder for you."

It feels very alien to say something like that. This isn't something she's used to at all.

She decides against telling him about Zalika for now. Better to learn as much as she can about how they feel and Tezakian customs first. Still, she must keep in mind that Zalika is designed to be a safe haven for people who are sick of the war above all else.
>>
No. 213817 ID: 6547ec
File 128047319637.png - (137.33KB , 700x500 , 34.png )
213817

>>213715
Susan takes a quick look around the camp. Most of the Tezakians look downtrodden and exhausted from desert travel.

There's a purple one who seems to be especially depressed, and a greenish one who looks extremely shocked-- most likely from the giant worm Jiniki forced to eat the wagon right beside them.

Further back, she sees one tending to some strange animals, and another tending to a wagon, presumably full of food and water.

Looking at how small this encampment really is, a startling realization comes over Susan.

"Neks, were you guys sent out to spy on the Lians?"

"Huh? No, we're going to be attacking them. Or we were, if our bombs weren't eaten."

There's no way the Tezakians would send a force this small unless it was for one specific purpose.

These guys are a diversion for a larger attack elsewhere. They've been sent to Lian to die for their country.
>>
No. 213824 ID: a594b9

>>213817
Well, shit. That's a good reason for them to just vanish isn't it? They weren't going to come home anyway.

Talk to the purple one. Try to find out what's wrong.
>>
No. 213912 ID: 0b2a05

Talk to the purple one, yeah.
>>
No. 213981 ID: 0dfb3c

Point out your reservations regarding the size of their force. They're small, vulnerable, and would easily be overpowered - do they know they're on a suicide mission?
>>
No. 213988 ID: e973f4

>>213817
Yeah, ask them if they're aware of the implications of their force size and anticipated mission. I mean, if they know and have accepted that, it's one thing, but if they don't, I mean...
>>
No. 213989 ID: 07dcd8

>>213988
Yeah, that. Also! SUPER PRETTY NINJA PRINCESS CELLPHONE MAGIC! Talk to Amiel! Tell her that there might be a really really big boss battle army thingy heading for the Lians! What do?
>>
No. 214003 ID: c4c313

>>213989

Maybe! We don't know that yet!

Also, go inspect the worm. When it blew up the blast cleared out to the surface, though it's probably mostly filled with sand now.

...poor wormy ;_;
>>
No. 214018 ID: a14ff9

Regardless of what we're going to do next Jiniki should contact someone in Zalika now and let them know what's going on here.
>>
No. 214078 ID: 6547ec
File 128054576982.png - (77.75KB , 700x500 , 35.png )
214078

>>213981
>>213912
That does change a few things. It's been a very long time since she's negotiated in ways other than threatening people, but Susan will see if she can convince them to abandon their suicide mission.

"Are you okay?" Susan asks, kneeling down near the Tezakian.

"What? Of course I'm okay. Why wouldn't I be okay?"

"You don't seem okay."

"That was a really big worm. I-I don't like big worms."

Oh dear. Worm-a-phobia.

>>213981
>>213988
"Where are the rest of your guys?"

"Huh?"

"This is way too small a force for a direct assault."

"I thought so too, but I assumed we'd be merging with a larger force," He says with a shrug.

"Did your briefing mention any such merge?"

"N-no... Maybe we'll get backup?"
>>
No. 214079 ID: 6547ec
File 128054583091.png - (78.95KB , 700x500 , 36.png )
214079

"I really don't think so. I used to be... a commander, and when we set up a diversion, we did so with the understanding that they wouldn't make it back home."

"What? But-- but I don't want to die! They-- they made me join! But if I go back home and run away, they'll punish me for treason! WhatdoIdowhatdoIdo"

This one at least seems like he'd be more than happy to flee the battle and head to Zalika.
>>
No. 214080 ID: 6547ec
File 128054585628.png - (183.41KB , 700x500 , 37.png )
214080

>>214003
Jiniki inspects the hole where the huge worm exploded. She wonders if maybe she shouldn't have done that. Do worms want to live too?
>>
No. 214081 ID: 6547ec
File 128054586660.png - (69.35KB , 700x500 , 38.png )
214081

>>213989
>>214018
Amiel can't use majicka, and because of this she'd be unable to respond if Jiniki tried to talk to her. This realization makes her kind of sad.

At Susan's request, she instead contacts Sekani.

"Um, mister birdie, I think these people are gonna die."

"What!?"

"Mommy says they're a 'version, a whole bunch of Lians are going to kill them and they should get to live."

"Version? A...diversion? But they passed a law! The law says they can't do that kind of shit anymore!"

"Mommy says they're not sent to scout so it's the only reason she can think of. What's a scout?"

"Jiniki, listen carefully. You have to convince them to come to Zalika. You-- you have to!"

"Okay. Um, also there might be a super big army headed to Lian."

"What? Oh, man...you're right. We have to inform the Lians. We have to stop this somehow. Just-- just leave that to us, okay? You concentrate on getting those guys safely to Zalika."


Jiniki wonders if this would be a bad time to ask if Amiel can go with Sekani when he comes to get his pants.
>>
No. 214083 ID: 4c7b39

IT'S NEVER A BAD TIME FOR AWESOME PANTS.
>>
No. 214086 ID: c4c313

>>214080

Yes worms want to live too. Didn't you see the look in its eyes when it scarfed down all those bombs?

Nothing we can do about it now though. If another worm comes you can make sure it's attacking next time, and not just trying to be friends!

That's a big hole. I wonder how far down it goes.
>>
No. 214087 ID: 8fa4ab

you need to see what everyone thinks about leaving and if they all agree then rip open a space hole and send them to zalinka.
>>
No. 214089 ID: c4c313

>>214087

You say that like ripping open the fabric of space were no big deal. Easier to have them just walk there.
>>
No. 214220 ID: a14ff9

Find out who is in charge here. Does the leader know this is a suicide mission?
>>
No. 214226 ID: 6547ec
File 128059522573.png - (64.39KB , 700x500 , 39.png )
214226

>>214083
>>214086
Jinki considers that close enough of a sign to ask about Amiel.

"Um, mister birdie..."

"Hmm?"

"Do worms want to live too?"

"Um, I think so, probably. Most living creatures would prefer being alive to dead, I think"

"Oh..."


Oh geez, does this mean Jiniki was a bad girl? She was just trying to stop the birdies from dying.

"Can--" She pauses. "Can Amiel go with you when you come get your pants"

"That'll slow me down a bit, but um... I'll ask her, okay?"

"Okay..."

>>
No. 214227 ID: 6547ec
File 128059524621.png - (56.97KB , 700x500 , 40.png )
214227

>>214087
>>214089
Jiniki is unable to create portals. Her majicka is limited to manipulating objects and glowing pretty colors. Technically she can also manipulate other majicka, but that might not be a huge issue out here.

Susan decides to speed things up by gathering everyone at once. She ponders over what she should say to them. Convincing half of them to come would only decrease the others' odds for survival, so she hopes to convince all of them to see things her way.
>>
No. 214228 ID: a1995b

"How many of you are aware that your force was sent out to serve as a diversion for a larger force?"
>>
No. 214229 ID: 0b2a05

It's alright Jiniki, you did as best as you could for the situation. Think you can take the magicka out of the dead worm?
>>
No. 214267 ID: c4c313

How many of you signed up to die? Were you told you weren't going to be coming back from this? How many of you have family still alive? Anyone who would miss you if you conveniently died in the service of your country? Your little group with the one cart of bombs against the entire Lian army? Did they tell you that you were going to join with the rest of your army, or did they just leave you in uncomfortable silence?

Don't kid yourself, this group will get no backup or assistence. It's a diversion, a suicide mission to distract the Lians while the rest of your army attacks. Really you lost the moment you signed up for this war. You have nothing left; your country knows this, and takes full advantage of it. Do you like killing people? Do you like risking your lives? Is all of this doing any good? No, the reason you're all here is not because you want to be here. It's because you've been given no other option. Die as forgotten war heroes or die for disobeying the very people who sentenced you to death. That is what war is. War is nothing but death. Nobody wins. Any glory in it was lost the moment your leaders lied to you and tried to trick you into thinking this mission would be just another day's work.

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you, but it's true. As soldiers you should know this well. War is won not by who is right, but by who is left. But your commanders, your state, they're people just like you. Would you be able to convince someone to go throw their life away? Wouldn't it be easier if they just assumed that they were going to be okay? That's why they haven't told you. It takes a powerful person to send you to your deaths, and many people don't have it in them to do that, so instead they trick you, and they never tell you the truth.

I'm telling you the truth today, not because I am strong or powerful. I don't have the power to send you to your deaths. I don't have the power to stop you if you go to die. But I do have the opportunity to give you another option.

You don't have to die. This war doesn't have to continue. Because I know of a secret, a secret place where you can be safe. Where you can learn the truth about the war, about yourselves, about your enemy. I represent a group, a cause dedicated to offering another option. Instead of war, instead of treason, I offer you sanctuary. You war weary, tired travellers, come with me to Zalika. There we can work together not to win this war, but to end it. To end the war with the power of love, peace, understanding and magicka.

wait, not that last one. Just love peace and understanding.
>>
No. 214280 ID: a14ff9

Don't talk to the group, talk to the leader.

And make sure Amiel stays the hell away from the Tezakians. Things could only go badly if they saw her.
>>
No. 214284 ID: 4c7b39

>>214267

This.

Can Tezakians even slow clap?
>>
No. 214559 ID: 6547ec
File 128066850368.png - (62.75KB , 700x500 , 41.png )
214559

>>214267
As she gives her speech, all she can ask is...why?

Why is she trying so hard to save them?

Is it guilt?

Is it because of that bird? Does she feel some obligation to him or his gods?

Everything's blurry.


Neks walks up beside her and addresses the others himself.

"This war has taken my mate and child from me. I know it's taken loved ones from you as well. Did they die like we would, in battles they were never meant to win? The thought makes me sick."
>>
No. 214560 ID: 6547ec
File 128066852060.png - (68.92KB , 700x500 , 42.png )
214560

He rips off his armband.

"We all knew the truth, we just refused to admit it. They put me, a scout, in charge of this group. They did this because I was expendable. Scouts are a dime a dozen. Well, they've taken enough from me. I don't owe them a damn thing, and neither do any of you. Those of you who wish to come with us, tear off your bands and meet us outside the camp tomorrow morning. Those who wish to remain can fight and die for their country. I can't stop you."

Everyone looks at each other and there are some murmurs. After a moment, someone else rips off their armband.

"My father died for them!"

Slowly, everyone else begins to rip off their armbands, shouting the names of those who gave their lives for this endless war. Susan's speech was a complete success, and there was nobody who wanted to continue fighting their endless war.
>>
No. 214561 ID: 6547ec
File 128066855350.png - (156.90KB , 700x500 , 43.png )
214561

>>214229
Jiniki concentrates and feels the majicka that inhabited the worm surround her. Without a host body, it will lose the last of its power and fade away.

She has never tried this before. She isn't quite sure what to do...or how to feel.
>>
No. 214564 ID: 4c7b39

Tell them that they move out at 0600, and to get their bags, supplies, and tents.

And Jiniki, dear? Mind keeping your distance a bit? We haven't ruled out that being a sentient bit of majicka.
>>
No. 214570 ID: c4c313

>>214559

Hahaha dance my puppets dance!

Seriously though, you tried to kill him and he responded by saving your life I'd say that's a pretty good reason to help him out. Plus, Jiniki managed to contact the klis-khar to the north, and you probably don't want to invite them into a war zone. War in general is stupid, a social stratifier and a drain on any economy that touches it, and you'll want none of that business in building your new empire!

>>214564

Silly, how sentient magicka is only depends on how much power it has! This little bit probably only has the mind of a kitty.
>>
No. 214681 ID: a594b9

>>214561
I don't see why we need any more power. Too much of this stuff can have negative mental side effects, remember? Just try to focus it together and see what kind of majicka it is. If it's healing majicka then it might be nice to have. If it's an offensive type then just let it go.

As for the worm... well, it was hostile. You used its violent intentions to help save lives. There's no reason to feel bad about it.
>>
No. 214760 ID: 6547ec

Jiniki: Give the majicka thing to mommy. She has more experience with this than you do.
>>
No. 214787 ID: bc1727

>>214681

Think back. It was explicitly mentioned that having more power does not make them more mentally unstable.
>>
No. 214845 ID: 6547ec
File 128076948587.png - (90.22KB , 700x500 , 44.png )
214845

>>214760
>>214681
Jiniki feels a little bit better. She decides to take the majicka to mommy to see what she should do with it.

"W-what is that?"

"I think it's ice majicka. I found it from the worm. Do you want it?"

"N-no, no. We... we should get rid of it. It... it is dangerous. We've... we've seen what it can do to people if left unchecked."

It probably won't last much longer. Neither of them have any idea if they could just...absorb it, or what it would do if either of them succeeded in doing so. Susan's hands betray her desire to try.
>>
No. 214847 ID: 1a2b6b

>>214845
For the love of all of the gods, do not, repeat, do not let Susan try absorbing the majicka.

Ever.

Maybe Jiniki, but not Susan.
>>
No. 214852 ID: 07dcd8

Yeah, I'm gonna say maybe Jiniki - ooh! Maybe you can keep it and give it to Amiel afterward!
>>
No. 214861 ID: 4c13fa

Absorb it, do not give it to mommy. Terrible idea.

Hopefully you can reject it later if it tries to give you trouble.
>>
No. 214873 ID: a41aaf

I'd say definitely let it dissipate. We've seen time and again that it's a very slippery slope, best not get into the habit.
>>
No. 214875 ID: a594b9

If I remember correctly, the problem was that certain people have more problems controlling majicka than others. Also, the stronger the majicka, the harder it is to control. Susan *might* be able to control a little bit of Ice majicka but to be honest I don't want to take that risk.

Remember, most can't even use more than one type... the only creature we encountered that could use more than one was... well, we don't want to become like that.

You should just let it dissipate.
>>
No. 214887 ID: 0b2a05

Let it dissipate.
>>
No. 214890 ID: 9618e3

Be a good girl and do what your mother says.
>>
No. 214903 ID: d4c931

You are all cowards. Hide it in Susan's canteen. That should keep it safe until we have a suitably hilarious moment for it to show up.
>>
No. 214913 ID: 4c7b39

>>214903

Wait.

That's brilliant.

Can you imbue it into an object? Make it a focus for those that don't really want to be affected by Majicka?
>>
No. 214918 ID: 9bd27f

>>214845

Go for it Susan. You're a different person now, you can handle it. And besides, it's just a little bit of Ice Majicka... and isn't that desert awfully hot? Go on, take it. There's more cure anyway, so what's the worst that could happen?
>>
No. 215017 ID: c4c313

>>214913

Sure, if the object is alive.

So basically, no. Magicka is symbiotic, meaning it can't live without a host.

That said, are you sure the water in your canteen doesn't have any life in it? ^.^
>>
No. 215030 ID: 6547ec
File 128081945925.png - (68.75KB , 700x500 , 45.png )
215030

>>214903
>>214913
Jiniki shoves the unsuspecting majicka into a WATER CONTAINMENT DEVICE. Either it'll fade out anyway, or she'll be able to keep it going a little while longer. Either way, she realizes that giving it to mommy might make her sick again, so she decides against it.

Mommy doesn't say much as the rest of the day passes. She glances at the bottle from time to time, but quickly looks away just as quickly.

Eventually night falls, and they leave their clothes in the Tent that was made for them on the off chance it'd actually trick anyone into thinking they're still sleeping there.
>>
No. 215031 ID: 6547ec
File 128081953893.png - (75.90KB , 700x500 , 46.png )
215031

"Oh MAN these pants are SO KEEN! I can't wait to store some items in these bad boys!" Sekani says excitedly.

"You're a very strange bird," Susan replies.

Amiel runs up to Jiniki and hugs her. "Jiniiii I missed you so much"

Jiniki giggles. "I was only gone a day, Amiel!"

"I don't care~ It was a very long day~"


Sekani turns to Susan. "So how'd it go?"

"I managed to convince them to head to Zalika, I think. I hope none of them change their mind by tomorrow."

"If you want, I could lead them back for you... though I'm not sure how they'd respond to Amiel being here."

"Hmm." Susan says as she considers her options.
>>
No. 215032 ID: 6547ec
File 12808196566.png - (71.19KB , 700x500 , 47.png )
215032

>>214852
"Amiel I got you some majicka~"

"What, like, in this canteen?"

"You can use it if you want so you can live longer so you and mister birdie can be happy forever~"

"Um... Thanks, but the last time I got majicka put in me I became kind of unpopular. I don't think we have and more huge chapters to devote to me handling this stuff a second time."

"You say silly things sometimes~"

Jiniki might be able to convince Amiel to take it if she really wanted to. Otherwise she'll go ahead and let it dissipate.
>>
No. 215034 ID: c4c313

>>215032

Well good grief give it to someone. Don't you got eggs to wake up or something?
>>
No. 215048 ID: 6547ec

Tell Amiel that if she doesn't want it, Mommy sure seemed keen on taking it. But hey, if she's sure she doesn't want it...
>>
No. 215112 ID: 4c7b39

Man, I'd never thought I'd fall behind on a one-a-day thing.

Susan, you did what you did not because of guilt. What you did was because you're trying to be a good person. What you didn't see is that you still are a good person, it's just that majicka made you lose sight, and then briefly abandon that thought. You might not be up to your own morality now, but the good thing is that you're trying.

Now. As much as it pains me to suggest this, and I really don't want to suggest this, go see Necks, explain what it is, and all of what it does, and offer it to him.
>>
No. 215117 ID: a594b9

Ah forget it, it's not like the author really planned on us doing this anyway.
>>
No. 215133 ID: 9618e3

>>215032
It's OK, Amiel. Everyone knows that what happened before wasn't your fault, it was Magic Johnson. This is just ordinary Majicka that won't compromise your personality in any way.

Jiniki is young and already has powerful Majicka so giving her too much is a risk and Susan knows she doesn't deserve Majicka that might harm others even if she wants it. Amiel is the best person to have it so she can have a long life with Mister Birdie and keep in contact with Jiniki herself. There's still plenty of cure at Zalika if she changes her mind.
>>
No. 215138 ID: 07dcd8

>>215133
Well, not too much of a change. Anyway, you aren't the main character, Amiel. You're a Indirect Character. See!

>Amiel, Cha-cha.
>>
No. 215241 ID: 6547ec
File 128086608666.png - (74.85KB , 700x500 , 48.png )
215241

>>215034
The eggs were all broken except for Sekani Jr, who was given majicka by mister birdie.


>>215133
"You shouldn't be sad about what happened last time. You were sick, but you got better. And if you get sick again you can just use a cure!"

"That's true..."

Amiel looks over at Sekani. "I feel so fashionable and awesome~" He says gleefully.

"...I'll think about it," Amiel finally says. "Thanks, Jini."

For a moment, Jiniki thinks she hears the sound of a passing train. Must be her imagination. They talk for a few hours, and decide to go ahead and meet Neks. His group would run into the Lians at Zalika eventually anyway, so Susan decides to get them used to the idea while she's still around. An hour before they're to head out, they ask him to come with them.
>>
No. 215242 ID: 6547ec
File 128086611345.png - (64.90KB , 700x500 , 49.png )
215242

"What is this!?" He exclaims. "Why's this spine-arm here!?"

"She's my super friend!" Jiniki says happily.

"You're friends with these things!?"

Amiel waves sheepishly.
>>
No. 215243 ID: 0dfb3c

Jini, explain how awesome Amiel is, and how much she and Mister Birdie love each other and how they're going to have adorable little monster babies!
>>
No. 215246 ID: a594b9

She wants peace too! The Lians are people just like Tezakians.
>>
No. 215287 ID: 6834bc

>>215242
Remind Neks of how they were lied to about their "backup". Suggest that tactical maneuvers may not be the only thing their superiors are lying about.

If he needs proof, you can point out the fact that Amiel is being nonthreatening, hasn't flipped out and tried to kill everyone, etc.

Does Neks really think that Tezakians are the only ones who can be tired of the war?
>>
No. 215290 ID: c4c313

CRAP you weren't supposed to go meet them first, Amiel! It was supposed to be the birdie monster. Now they think it's a trap! There's only one way you can move forward in this situation safely. Rock mode.
>>
No. 215310 ID: bf0df0

"Did you really think you're the only kind that can see the futility of this war?"
>>
No. 215345 ID: 07dcd8

>>215310
"Do you believe that love can bloom on the battlefield?"
>>
No. 215361 ID: c4c313

Seriously, rock mode. If Amiel rolls around like the long tailed little pangolin that she is, they'll be unable to be scared of her.
>>
No. 215377 ID: 6547ec

Quietly suggest Amiel take a sip of her WATER CONTAINMENT DEVICE. You know, to... break the ice.
>>
No. 215412 ID: c4c313

Nervously sipping at your WATER CONTAINMENT DEVICE is acceptable.
>>
No. 215432 ID: 6547ec
File 128091143248.png - (98.94KB , 700x500 , 50.png )
215432

>>215243
"She's super friends with mister birdie too! And they're going to have a million babies and live happy together forever~"

"Wha--?" Neks says, clearly unsure how to feel about this.

"I don't know about all that," Amiel says, "but Sekani and I were able to put aside our differences and become really close."

Neks stares at Sekani for a moment. He seems to notice that Sekani looks a bit...different, but doesn't say anything.

>>215246
>>215287
"She is not your enemy," Susan says. "Her tail is down, and she's holding hands with one of your kind. She isn't a threat to you. The Lians are tired of the war too."

"Argh," Neks replies, sounding frustrated. "This is a lot to take in, you know. Your kind killed my family!"

"The Tezakians killed my father," Amiel says calmly. "He was everything to me. But I didn't blame your race-- I blamed the war. That's why I want to help stop it."

Neks is silent. He looks at Amiel, then at Sekani, then at Susan. He starts pacing back and forth, making strange gestures with his arms.

"Your government killed your family. This war killed your family. That is what you should be blaming-- that is your enemy." Susan says.

"Just-- give me a minute, okay? I need a minute." Neks says as he continues pacing.
>>
No. 215433 ID: 6547ec
File 128091144798.png - (51.24KB , 700x500 , 51.png )
215433

>>215377
>>215412
>>
No. 215434 ID: 6547ec
File 128091145631.png - (50.49KB , 700x500 , 52.png )
215434

>>
No. 215435 ID: 6547ec
File 128091146975.png - (56.72KB , 700x500 , 53.png )
215435

Uh oh.
>>
No. 215436 ID: 6547ec
File 128091164126.jpg - (13.84KB , 72x72 , 33omrfd.jpg )
215436

>>215435
VICTORY
>>
No. 215438 ID: 5eea01

DO NOT SWALLOW FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD SPIT IT OUT NOW!

....you already swallowed didn't you.
>>
No. 215457 ID: 4c7b39

>>215438

Well. If this is the case, I hope that you really liked breakfast this morning.
>>
No. 215458 ID: a594b9

Jiniki, remember how you helped Sekani get control over his majicka? We can do that for Amiel now!
>>
No. 215460 ID: 4c7b39

Wait. Why can't Jiniki just take back the majicka from her and put it back into the canteen?
>>
No. 215485 ID: 9618e3

Amiel: excuse self and make TACTICAL WITHDRAWAL. Tell Neks she respects that this must be hard and she'll give him time to adjust to the idea of working with a Lian. Also that he should be the one to tell the others about her since they trust him. Then retreat at a non-threatening pace.
>>
No. 215528 ID: 0dfb3c

Bad Amiel! No drinking the crazy kool-aid! Spit it out before that shit causes more problems, bleh.
>>
No. 215574 ID: 6547ec
File 12809469356.png - (12.84KB , 700x500 , 54.png )
215574

>>215438
>>215528
AMIEL ISN'T SURE IF SHE SWALLOWED ANY OR NOT OH GOD
>>
No. 215575 ID: 6547ec
File 128094695093.png - (67.74KB , 700x500 , 55.png )
215575

>>215485
"Okay um I respect how hard this will be so I won't try to pressure you or anything I mean it took me a good five or ten minutes to get over my racism and get a crush on Sekani so I know these things take time and anyway we'll be waiting for you over here and I hope you make the right choice um bye!" Amiel says rapidly.

"D-don't worry Amiel," Sekani says less rapidly, "We still have eight cures left."

Neks just watches them walk off. "She's... kind of strange."

"Yeah, she's kind of hard to figure out sometimes." Susan replies.

"It's going to be hard working with them, but...all right. I'll talk to the others and try to get them to see things your way."
>>
No. 215576 ID: 6547ec
File 128094696360.png - (51.44KB , 700x500 , 56.png )
215576

"They're... they're good people," Susan says. "Even when given no choice but to kill, they still seek to find another way. If anyone can bring peace to your races, it's them."

"You've done so much for us, stranger. What's your name, anyway? I don't think you told me."

She originally went by 'Ishiji,' which roughly translates to 'Radiant Hope'. During her reign over the Majicka Research Facility, she took on the name Iiji, 'Hope'.

And then Amiel decided her name was Susan, which doesn't translate to anything. She played along to avoid causing trouble, but now she can choose any name she wants. It's not like Amiel's going to be around to object.

"My daughter is named 'Jiniki', and my name is..."
>>
No. 215590 ID: a1995b

Who are you kidding.

Your name is Susan.
>>
No. 215592 ID: a594b9

>>215576
Enduring Hope. Whatever that spells out.
>>
No. 215598 ID: 34470e

>>215576
A name which sounds like "Susan", but also has a nice meaning.
>>
No. 215599 ID: 9618e3

>>215574
Amiel: does ice majicka taste cool and refreshing?
Jiniki: go with Amiel in case she needs the vision quest thing again.
>>
No. 215601 ID: b10c0e

Enduring hope, but you aren't here any more. "Susan" is our name now. Maybe 'Joyful Lotus'...How does that sound?

Amiel? I am -so- sorry! You shouldn't have drunk that. Jiniki just wanted to talk to you from far away!
>>
No. 215653 ID: d4c931

I will have you know that Susan is a very symbolic ad revered name in the ancient language of the Bah-hustards!

However, as that race died out long ago, it's sort of moot. Go with whatever, but try and avoid the letter I. That's what started this mess.
>>
No. 215698 ID: 620bfb

How about Orange Army?Cut it and use the other half, maybe? Just whatever Radiant would be.
>>
No. 215700 ID: 0b2a05

Your name is still Susan! It's a lovely name, and it suits you well. If you want something else though... Well, what are some of the words in your language?
>>
No. 215713 ID: 0dfb3c

What would "Rekindled Hope" be translated as?
>>
No. 215729 ID: 4c7b39

>>215713

If this has a meaning without "E"'s and "I"'s involved, count this as having a vote!
>>
No. 215766 ID: 6547ec
File 128101406654.png - (49.47KB , 700x500 , 57.png )
215766

>>215592
Kahiji?

>>215598
"Susan" doesn't sound like very many Klis-khar words. She isn't actually capable of pronouncing it very well.

>>215601
'Joyful Lotus' would be roughly 'Ni'kisha'

>>215713
'Rekindled Hope' would translate into 'Iji-nikahr"

>>215653
Hmm. If she uses synonyms for the words 'rekindled' and 'hope' to avoid the letter I...

"Um, miss?" Neks asks.

"Oh. sorry. I spaced out for a moment there."
>>
No. 215767 ID: 6547ec
File 128101413367.png - (48.44KB , 700x500 , 58.png )
215767

"My name is Shela'ka. You can call me Shela for short."
The translation is closer to 'I hope to be rekindled', but that's the closest she can come without using an 'I'.

"Um, okay, Shela."

"That Lian might try to call me 'Susan', but just ignore her because she's kind of silly."

"I noticed that. Anyway. Thanks for everything, Shela."
>>
No. 215768 ID: 6547ec
File 128101428885.png - (86.08KB , 700x500 , 59.png )
215768

Neks manages to convince the others to come with him despite the presence of Lians. They pack everything up and head out, following Amiel and Sekani.

>>215599
>>215601
"Um, mommy?"

"Hmm?"

"I wonder if maybe I should have said I was sorry to Amiel 'cause it's kind of my fault she accidentally drank the majicka and I feel super bad."

"Don't feel bad, my child. Whether or not she goes down that road is her decision, and they still have cures if she decides against it."

Jiniki ponders silently for a moment.

"Um, should I go with her so I can go into her head and help her?"

"I don't think it'd do her much good. Majicka will reflect what she desires regardless of if you're there or not. We just have to trust her to make the right choices for herself."

As she watches them fade into the distance, Shela wonders if the name Sekani chose for the facility had any special meaning to him. She kind of wishes she thought to ask before they left.


Despite what her mommy said, Jiniki still kind of wants to say something to Amiel via majicka. Amiel might not be able to respond, but she'll still be able to hear it. But what should she say?
>>
No. 215770 ID: 9bd27f

>>215768

Say "BOO!"
>>
No. 215771 ID: 6834bc

>>215768
Tell her to be careful and wish her luck with the new Tezakians.
Maybe also say that if she still hates the letter 'e' she should realize that her name contains an 'e' (Amiel) but she can't go around calling herself Ami'l because that would be silly.
>>
No. 215780 ID: 0dfb3c

"Have fun storming the castle!"
>>
No. 215781 ID: 9618e3

>>215768
"Don't worry! Whatever happens you'll still be Amiel!"
>>
No. 215783 ID: 698a22

We should warn them about all the new recruits we'll be sending, even after this initial group. Because we are recruiting EVERYONE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
>>
No. 215788 ID: c4c313

The good news is now that we have both Lians and birdiesTezakians at the facility so they can probably field anyone we toss their way without our having to accompany them. Onward to home!

Now let's go find some fellow bugs!
>>
No. 215849 ID: edb273

OH GOD YOU NEED MORE ROBOTS
>>
No. 215856 ID: 6547ec

>>215849
This. Say this to Amiel.
>>
No. 215921 ID: 6547ec
File 128109712685.png - (94.04KB , 700x500 , 60.png )
215921

>>215780
"Have fun storming the castle~"

Huh?

>>215849
"Mister robot is going to get super tired with all these people around so you should make a new one! All you need is a billigan wires and some computers and some super glue and a pony I mean I don't know what a pony has to do with making robots but come on it's a pony!"

Silly Jini~

>>215783
"We'll keep sending people if we find then and maybe we'll find some doctors too so mister robot can take a robot break and eat a robot snack~"

Amiel is going to miss her ramblings. They always give her such a head rush.


>>215781
"Also um don't worry about the majicka too much you should just do what you want and no matter what happens you're still Amiel and we'll be super friends forever okay~?"

Sigh... Amiel really wishes Jini didn't have to leave.
>>
No. 215925 ID: 6547ec
File 128109727946.png - (94.12KB , 700x500 , 61.png )
215925

>>215771
"So um see you later Amiel-- hey I just realized don't you hate the letter E? And your name has an E in it. Ah-mEE-ehl! That's kind of funny I wonder if you ever noticed that before~"

....
>>
No. 215926 ID: 6547ec
File 128109729046.png - (76.73KB , 700x500 , 62.png )
215926

Shela helps her daughter get dressed for the journey ahead.

"Now I know it's a little constricting, but we're going to be walking a lot more today, so let's try to keep our cloaks on top of our arms and bodies this time, okay?"

"Okay mommy~"

They embark and travel for a couple of hours without incident.
>>
No. 215927 ID: 6547ec
File 128109730346.png - (123.99KB , 700x500 , 63.png )
215927

After a while, they see a figure in the distance.
>>
No. 215928 ID: a594b9

>>215927
Let's see who it is.
>>
No. 215929 ID: 0b2a05

Sense for majicka?!

Probably not, get a little closer... unless it looks like it's running at you.
>>
No. 215957 ID: edb273

>>215927
Be careful, it might be the pain train.
>>
No. 215968 ID: 4c7b39

Pull out the Binos and look at them.
>>
No. 215970 ID: 0dfb3c

Deploy the far-seer!
>>
No. 215996 ID: b10c0e

>>215970
>Farseer
>>215345
>Love Can Bloom?

ANyway, just walk up, casual-like. To your knowledge, they're not here to kill and eat you. Binoculars might be a good idea, but just act cool.
>>
No. 216085 ID: 6547ec
File 128119251145.png - (125.42KB , 700x500 , 64.png )
216085

>>215970
>>215928
>>215968
It looks to be a Diuban, wearing some strange clothing. It's stumbling forward, panting.

>>215929
It doesn't look like a Ki-jaara, and Jiniki detects no sign of majicka.
>>
No. 216086 ID: 6547ec
File 128119252341.png - (50.93KB , 700x500 , 65.png )
216086

>>215996
Casual...

"Um... 'sup?" Shela says awkwardly as they approach.

The Diuban falls to its hands and knees. It appears to be male. "Help... water..."

He collapses.
>>
No. 216089 ID: 6547ec
File 128119264229.png - (54.71KB , 700x500 , 65 PAUSE.png )
216089

[Taking the rest of saturday off to prevent such nasty things as fatigue and burnout! Next update on Sunday.]
>>
No. 216093 ID: a594b9

Sure, give him some water. Ask him why he set out into the desert without proper provisions.
>>
No. 216116 ID: a1995b

Jiniki, he's wearing some pretty cool mysterious character type clothes.

Assume he is a vampire hunter on the run. Don't let anything he says change your mind.
>>
No. 216117 ID: 0b2a05

Give him some water. Good thing you gave Amiel that magicka water.
>>
No. 216119 ID: 620bfb

He is sufficiently unique. Give water, recruit.
>>
No. 216135 ID: d4c931

You jerk. You're going to make him wait 24 hours before you give him a drink? It'll probably be too late by then!

Gee, I hope Amiel left a canteen to replace the infected one she took with her. If not, you probably can't spare the water he needs.
>>
No. 216157 ID: 0dfb3c

Note that the coat he's wearing looks awfully heavy. Not exactly desert-wandering gear, is it?
>>
No. 216717 ID: 6547ec
File 128137814721.png - (89.99KB , 700x500 , 66.png )
216717

>>216116
"Oh gosh it's a vampire!"

"It's not a Vampire."

"He's going to get huge pincers and then he's going to pinch us!!!"

"...Do you even know what a vampire is, dear?"

"They're scary!"

>>216135
The bird brought some extra water with him, although the net gain was very little due to losing one container to the Lian.

>>216117
>>216119
Shela offers some water to the poor fellow. With the water they had been drinking while walking here, they are now down to three canteens.

>>216157
This is very true. This Diuban was clearly unprepared to wander the desert. Why would be he out here without food or water, in clothing ill-fitted for the heat?
>>
No. 216718 ID: 6547ec
File 128137820443.png - (40.24KB , 700x500 , 67.png )
216718

Suddenly, Shela notices the air shift with her Antennae. She can't see anything yet, but she can feel others making their way here. They must be moving pretty quickly if she can sense their movements from so far away. Could they be looking for this fellow?
>>
No. 216722 ID: a594b9

>>216718
He's running from someone! Great, we got caught up in something. Quickly find out what his story is before they get here. We don't have anything to go on at the moment.
>>
No. 216726 ID: c4c313

>>216718

Uh oh it's the cavalry. Hide behind the... uh... shit, bury yourself in the sand. They'll never... why are you travelling the desert during the daytime anyway? Isn't it hot?
>>
No. 216731 ID: 2ec2b8

Hide behind that lizard!

Tell Jini to get ready to flatten some bitches if it comes to that.
>>
No. 216743 ID: d4c931

Jiniki: COMBAT OPERANDI: This is a drill! Get the mysterious Belmondo underground immediately via awesome telekinetic digging prowess!

Oh, and leave some air with him.
>>
No. 216750 ID: 4c7b39

Bury him slightly. Get him camouflaged. Stand with one leg on him so that he can't do any "leaves while you were distracted" BS.

Oh. And collect the leezard. The leezard is awesome.
>>
No. 216817 ID: 6547ec
File 128140193273.png - (42.88KB , 700x500 , 68.png )
216817

>>216731
...

Shela thinks this won't work.

"Mommy, I think somebody's coming."

"Get ready to use your majicka if they try something. Looks like we might get caught up in a...situation."
>>
No. 216818 ID: 6547ec
File 12814019772.png - (56.71KB , 700x500 , 69.png )
216818

>>216722
"Are you being followed? Why are you out in the desert with no supplies?" Shela asks.

"I can't...let them. Please help."

"Can't let them what?"

"I know. They... I know and they don't want me to tell anyone. I know and they don't..."

He must be delirious from heat stroke.

>>216726
Yes, but the heat isn't a huge problem to their species so long as they're covered properly. The cold of night is far worse.

>>216743
They just bury him.

>>216750
"If he tries to run away, would you pin him down, child?"

"Okay~"

Shela doesn't see much point in taking a poor lizard out of its native habitat.
>>
No. 216822 ID: 6547ec
File 128140210551.png - (80.18KB , 700x500 , 70.png )
216822

Another Diuban rides up on a... What are those things called again? Li'ki? Shi'ki?

"Awwww~ Can I pet it, mommy? Pleeaaase?"

"No, no. It might bite."

"Ahem," The Diuban interrupts. "I am looking for somebody. Have you seen him? He's about this tall, kind of a bluish grey, wearing a brown coat?"

"You've got me curious," Susan replies. "Why are you looking for this person?"

"He's wanted for a number of crimes. I would tell you more, but it's against security protocols. Surely you understand. Just know that he's dangerous and should be captured immediately. Now, have you seen him? Also why is that little one glowing"
>>
No. 216831 ID: 409116

>>216822
We ain't seen jack.
Tell him you're coming back from a renaissance fair, and Jini's wearing a new kind of glowing facepaint.
>>
No. 216854 ID: c4c313

>>216822

There's nothing wrong with her. She's just a glowing girl.
>>
No. 216862 ID: 4c7b39

BIG LEEZARD! :D

"Well, I can't say that I do know what these security measures are all about. If you need to catch a criminal, you would need some reason to warrant him an arrest. Besides, I've been to a lot of towns and places and have seen a lot of blue Dieubians in brown coats. Perhaps if you would let me know why he's being arrested, I'd be able to tell you by what the townsfolk know."

"Oh. And she just does that."
>>
No. 216910 ID: 6547ec

As for what to tell the guy, I'd like to remind you that Tayza is BORED. Bored, bored, bored. Stuck doing stupid diplomacy and not killing things. It has been HOURS, maybe even DAYS since she pounced on her prey and feasted on its delicious, tender, only slightly-armored flesh.

Point towards the facility, and state, "He went that way."
>>
No. 217167 ID: 6547ec
File 128148089466.png - (73.51KB , 700x500 , 71.png )
217167

>>216854
"You know how children are. They glow up so fast," Susan says.

"I...see."

>>216862
"I don't presume to know about your peoples' securities, but I have been to many places and have seen many of your race. If I had a little more information about his crimes, I might be able to remember rumors I've heard about him and at least point you in the right direction."

He grunts. "Fair enough. But you must swear to keep this information to yourself."

"You have my word."

"Okay," The Diuban says after a sigh. "He's wanted for theft. He took a couple of documents and an important gem from one of our government buildings, and it's very important that we get those back."

>>216910
"Hmm," Shela thinks for a moment. "I think I heard something about stolen government property in a facility I visited not long ago. I'll give you some directions to find it. Ask for someone named Tayza, I'm sure they'll be able to help you."

Shela struggles not to smile a bit. It's been so long since she's gotten to send someone to get hunted by Tayza. Of course, the modern Tayza's probably not going to eat them. Oh well.
>>
No. 217168 ID: 6547ec
File 128148095416.png - (37.68KB , 700x500 , 72.png )
217168

"All right. Thank you for your help. I'll be off now." He tilts his hat at them and proceeds to ride off.

"Bye mister Lizard~" Jiniki waves.

...Did it wave back? Nah, that can't be right.

Now to decide what to do with the Diuban they just covered for. He's suffering from heat stroke. They could try and revive him here, or drag him with them to the Oasis. If they want to revive him here, they'll need to figure out a way to get him out of the sun.

Unless being buried in the sand counts as "out of the sun".
>>
No. 217170 ID: a594b9

>>217168
Jiniki could levitate a block of sand to make shade. We do need to get him to the oasis though...
>>
No. 217184 ID: d4c931

Heat stroke? Well, shit. Now I almost feel bad about making Amiel sexy again, instead of helping this guy. Almost.

Jiniki can probably make a really cool sand ninja parasol, but that only helps to a point. According to this handy guide I'm sure you brought along, you should also elevate his feet, strip him naked, rifle through his pockets, and get him cooled down in the nearest oasis.

And mourn that you never finished that jetpack for Grasshopper.
>>
No. 217246 ID: c4c313

>>217184

As sexy as a walking pincushion!

>>217168

Don't try to revive him here. Get him cool and wet as soon as possible. Do however rifle through his pockets to read the papers he's carrying and feel free to hold that magnificent gem for him.

You can use his leather overcoat as a sun shade. You just need some sticks to hold it up away from anyone's body. It might be better to use it as a stretcher actually, should slide along the sand easily enough until you get to the oasis.

You can hide the gem and papers somewhere noticeable before you reach the oasis. That way if they ambush you they won't find anything but the Diubian, so they can't kill any of you. Then you can escape once their back is turned since they don't know about Jiniki's unique abilities.
>>
No. 217303 ID: 4c7b39

... D'awww.

While carting him around, do be sure to keep him nice and hydrated. And you might ask Jiniki to cut the top of that cactus behind you and extract the water from the pulp and add it to any empty canteens you might have. Should be the last reserve you should use as water because it just might be poisonous, but any port in the storm, right?
>>
No. 217435 ID: 6547ec
File 12815688301.png - (102.41KB , 700x500 , 73.png )
217435

>>217184
>>217246
>>217303
They slice open the cactus and fill a canteen with QUESTIONABLE WATER.

Shela carries the Diuban, noticing he doesn't feel nearly as heavy as she expected. Strange.

She's unable to read any of the papers on his person, as they're written in Diuban. The gem is light blue, and sparkles a bit in the sunlight.

They do their best to keep him cool and hydrated at the cost of a canteen, leaving them with two canteens of clean water. It takes a while, and Jiniki has to rest a couple of times, but they eventually make their way to the oasis.
>>
No. 217436 ID: 6547ec
File 128156885620.png - (155.58KB , 700x500 , 74.png )
217436

"Aaaaahhh that's so much better," he says. Jiniki splashes around happily.

"You could have died. Why were you out in the desert with no supplies?"

"I had to leave. They were after me."

"Why?"

"I...borrowed some stuff from some people. They didn't appreciate that very much. I had to get away."
>>
No. 217437 ID: 6547ec
File 128156887169.png - (155.51KB , 700x500 , 75.png )
217437

"You mean this?" Shela says as she pulls out the gem.

"Um-- yes. Exactly."

"Normally I wouldn't intrude on other peoples' business, but since I saved your life and hid you from your pursuer I think it's only fair you tell me what this thing is."

He pauses for a moment. He looks away, then back at Shela.

He sighs. "I guess I owe you one. All right. That gem and those documents prove my family's claim over a bit of land. The government is trying to screw us out of what's rightfully ours. I thought that by taking the proof I could make my way to the prime minister and prove my claim. I was found out, and fled to the desert to lie low for a while."

"I see."

"I know it's hard to believe, but Diuban politics are...complicated at times. The lower government bodies will try to screw you if you're not careful."
>>
No. 217438 ID: b3f237

so, you are sure that the prime minister would side with you and not with the others?
>>
No. 217455 ID: c4c313

I don't really care about his Diubian whatever whatever, but why did he flee into the desert wearing a thick leather jacket? For that matter, what do they make those jackets out of? Oh my god is he wearing the skin of a fellow Diubian
>>
No. 217458 ID: a594b9

Refill all your canteens with the oasis water.

His story fits, I suppose. It seems slightly off somehow but there's nothing seriously out of place.
>>
No. 217510 ID: 283fa9

Bah, politicians! You can't trust the lot of them! From the lowliest clerk, to the most royal queen!
>>
No. 217552 ID: c4c313

Try asking Dilia to translate the documents.

No, don't do that. I just wanted to see you try to moo.
>>
No. 217559 ID: 6547ec

Oh, hey, that story is entirely too tidy. He's still massively suspect until you have some way to have this translated. You're probably out too far for a bipedal Dilia to get to you quickly, so he's just going to have to tag along for now. Keep the gem and the document concealed on your person.
>>
No. 217565 ID: c16ebe

Still, no reason not to ask Dilia if that story sounds reasonable or not. Translating the note through Tayza or Sekani might not be feasible, but asking about Dubian government should be easy.
>>
No. 217566 ID: c16ebe

Jiniki: Ask Sekani to ask Dilia if Diuban Vampire Hunters often have to worry about their government illegally seizing their secret base of operations.
:3
>>
No. 217675 ID: 6547ec
File 128163503622.png - (38.73KB , 700x500 , 76.png )
217675

>>217510
Haha, yeah. Those queens are the worst. Hehehe...
>>
No. 217679 ID: 6547ec
File 128163514268.png - (69.81KB , 700x500 , 77.png )
217679

>>217552
Dilia can't use majicka and thus can't respond.

>>217565
"Tayza~"

"Hi Jiniki~ What's up?"

"Um, we found this 'Duban' and he said a buncha stuff about the gov'ment and we were wondering if maybe Dilia knows if he's lying or not."


Tayza takes a second to relay the Diuban's story to Dilia. Moments later, she responds.

"Um, Dilia says she hadn't dealt with the government much in years-- she had been traveling with her friends in the desert for years. But she doesn't remember ever hearing about the government seizing land from anyone. That's not to say it's impossible, but it doesn't sound like something they do very often."

Tayza pauses for a moment.

"Oh, by the way. A Diuban showed up not long ago asking about some kind of outlaw. Says you referred him to us. Did you guys want me to do something specific with him?"

Jiniki considers her response.
>>
No. 217681 ID: 6547ec
File 12816351639.png - (109.62KB , 700x500 , 78.png )
217681

>>217438
"Why would the Prime Minister accept this document from someone who stole it?"

"Because he's one of the few people left who respects the law. I know if I explain it, he'll realize the local government is being corrupt. I know he'll do the right thing."

>>217455
"So why'd you flee into the desert wearing that coat? Don't you know that thing absorbs heat?"

"Well, I didn't really... I mean I thought you're supposed to wear heavy clothes into the desert."

"You have to consider the type of clothing as well, you know."

"W-well I was kind of in a rush!"

>>217559
"Right. Anyway, you clearly don't know anything about desert travel, so I think you should come with us for a while."

"Um..."

"Would you rather face the desert alone with no supplies?"

"N-no..."

"I'll hold on to this gem for safe keeping, since I think it best that you don't wear the heavy coat."

"But-- that gem's important to me! I can't just trust you with it!"
>>
No. 217717 ID: 0b2a05

Tell him that you gave up royalty, that should at least help him not think you'll pawn it or something.

You know, jewelry isn't used for real estate claims very often. What's up with that?
>>
No. 217729 ID: a594b9

>>217681
Ugh, why would we suddenly betray him? Tell him not to worry. If he really feels that way, then inform us how he can carry it.

Tell Tayza that she can do whatever she likes with the dude. Send him away or mess with him a bit.
>>
No. 217733 ID: c16ebe

IF it's legit, I'm thinking it's some kind of 'The government found a vein of diamonds on my land and now they want to take it from me'. IF it's legit.
Of course we're not going to suggest that story to him.

Speaking of suggestions...
Wait. Nuts. There's no way Jiniki would tell Tayza to hunt the lizard while the Diuban isn't looking, is there?
>>
No. 217752 ID: 1b02ed

>>217681

If we wanted the gem, we could have swiped it while you were out cold. Besides, if you get caught we can keep it hidden for you.
>>
No. 217756 ID: c4c313

Tell them you sent that Diuban over for Tayza to play with!
>>
No. 217796 ID: 6547ec

>>217733
Tayza does not need prompting to hunt things. Also, we didn't send the guard there so that Tayza could just hunt the lizard.

I guess we could ask her to send the lizard back after the guard is dealt with. You could use it as an excuse to get Dilia out here (>Dilia: Ride lizard like a mechanical bull), which would also prove that we dealt with Richter's pursuer.
>>
No. 217867 ID: 6547ec
File 128166367442.png - (70.62KB , 700x500 , 79.png )
217867

>>217717
"I can understand your position. I've witnessed first hand how...corrupting leadership can be."

"I bet," he replies with some sarcasm.

"What's this gem have to do with real-estate anyway? That seems very strange."

"The gem contains the spirit of the land. It is a symbol of prosperity. Without it, the land won't be blessed and nothing will grow there."

>>217752
"I see. But think of this. Had I wanted to steal this from you, I could have done so while you were out cold. Should we get accosted, you can have them search you and find nothing. That could work out quite well in your favor. Of course, if you really want me to leave you alone in the desert..."

He looks at her silently. He lowers his head and blows a few bubbles in the water.

"All right," he says, coming back up, "You've made your point. I'd...really appreciate your help getting out of this place."
>>
No. 217868 ID: 6547ec
File 128166372537.png - (107.00KB , 700x500 , 80.png )
217868

>>217756
"We sent him to you so you can play with him!" Jiniki says.

"Playing's not really my... wait, you mean you sent me prey?"

"Yes! For play time~"

"You are so good to me~"
Tayza says happily.

>>217796
"Oh um, could you send back the lizard? I really want to pet it~"

"I would love to, but I don't think I could make it come to you on its own."

"Maybe Dilia could ride it~"

"She could-- it looks strong enough. Where are you?"

"We're at the north Oasis and I'm swimming and it's really fun and I'm splashing and I'm trying to find fishies but I haven't seen any yet~"

"..."

"Tayza~?"

"Are you sure you don't want
me to com-- nevermind. It'd take Dilia a few hours to get to you. Do you want to..."
>>
No. 217869 ID: 6547ec
File 128166376895.png - (78.37KB , 700x500 , 81.png )
217869

"Tayza you seem distracted!"

"Sorry, I just felt really self-conscious all of a sudden. Almost like people have been staring at my boobs, which is...kind of impossible. Sometimes I wonder what it's like to..."

"To what? What's a boob?"

"Uh, Nothing. Go ahead and let me know if you
really want Dilia to ride all the way out there and then I think I'm going to go cheer myself up with a good hunting."
>>
No. 217883 ID: a594b9

I don't think we should have Dilia come all the way out there just go deliver the lizard.

...huh, what'd you find down there, Jiniki? Bring it up out of the water so we can see.
>>
No. 217953 ID: cacfa1

>>217883
Dilia can be useful though - she'll know more about Diuban culture and politics than we do, and'll know if this guy's full of it or not. She can also translate that paper to see if it's legit.

>>217869
Careful Jini, that looks more ominous than a simple fish.
>>
No. 218130 ID: 6547ec
File 128173523192.png - (106.54KB , 700x500 , 82.png )
218130

>>217953
What the heck is this thing...?

"I think Dilia will be super helpful cause we have some papers that we can't read and maybe she can read them and help us see if this guy's really a vampire or maybe a vampire hunter guy!"

"Ahh, you need her to translate. All right, I'll send her out there. Feel free to contact me whenever you'd like-- I'm curious what the range is on our majicka. In the mean time, I have some prey to hunt~"
>>
No. 218131 ID: 6547ec
File 12817352488.png - (134.06KB , 700x500 , 83.png )
218131

>>217883
--!
>>
No. 218133 ID: a594b9

>>218131
Oh this is just ridiculous. Use your majicka to pull yourself and it up to the surface.

If that doesn't work somehow, call your mom for help!
>>
No. 218135 ID: 6547ec

Jiniki: Throw the vampire at the darkness in order to escape.
>>
No. 218152 ID: 6547ec
File 128174154241.png - (68.86KB , 700x500 , 84.png )
218152

>>218133
Jiniki succeeds in doing so. Her overpowered nature sure makes it hard to make challenging situations!

"Jiniki! Are you all right!?"

"I don't think I want to swim anymore.
>>
No. 218153 ID: 6547ec
File 128174155719.png - (70.81KB , 700x500 , 85.png )
218153

[/i]"What the hell is that thing?" The Diuban asks.

"I was kind of hoping you'd know. That thing didn't hurt you, did it Jiniki?"

"Oh gosh it's a vampire! And now I'm going to be a vampire too! You have to hunt me down mister duban and I'll run really fast cause I'll be scared and then I won't get to eat ice cream anymore because vampires are allergic to ice cream I mean everyone knows that!"

How many people has this thing attacked? Shela shudders at the thought of all the potential corpses at the bottom of the pond.

What the heck should they do with this thing?
>>
No. 218154 ID: 6547ec

Well, the first thing you can do is tell us what the hell it is.
>>
No. 218156 ID: 6547ec

>>218154
It's something that attempted to consume Jiniki. It may have poisoned her if it managed to get through her armor.

If anyone gets near it, it may attack them as well.
>>
No. 218159 ID: 6547ec

>>218156
Drop a tree on it. Or a vampire.
>>
No. 218160 ID: a594b9

If it's a vampire, then of course a wooden stake through the heart should work.

How about you use a tree?
>>
No. 218161 ID: 4c7b39

Well. We were going to get the leezard anyway. We might as well bring a Tayza and a Hopper with it.
>>
No. 218202 ID: 3234dd

Squash it like a bug!

uh

no offense
>>
No. 218312 ID: 6547ec
File 128181251110.png - (131.14KB , 700x500 , 86.png )
218312

>>218159
>>218160
>>218202
"This is for ice-cream!"
Jiniki uses a whole lot of majicka to lift a tree and squash the creature like something unrelated to the insect family!

There is an unnerving crunching noise. It twitches for a bit, then stops moving.
>>
No. 218313 ID: 6547ec
File 128181254954.png - (85.86KB , 700x500 , 87.png )
218313

Jiniki passes out shortly after, succumbing to exhaustion.

Time passes...
>>
No. 218317 ID: 6547ec
File 128181272123.png - (75.06KB , 700x500 , 88.png )
218317

This poor child has been endangered more times than a child should be. Shela is a terrible mother.

Jiniki's been using so much majicka lately. Without majicka, a majibeast can't survive. Shela's going to have to be more stern in asking Jiniki to conserve her power, but she can't bring herself to be harsh to her child. Not after all she's done. All Shela can do is swear at herself silently. She shouldn't have let Jiniki swim in the water. She should have been watching her more closely.

With a little rest, Jiniki will recover her majicka. She doesn't seem to be otherwise hurt, thankfully. Shela and the Diuban had discussed their travel times. He would prefer them to travel at night, when it's cooler. But the cold makes it hard for the Klis-khar to move.

Either way, they're in no condition to move out just yet. Shela kind of wishes she had someone to talk to. She's not used to being so...alone.
>>
No. 218319 ID: 0b2a05

Heads up, company coming.
>>
No. 218323 ID: a594b9

>>218317
You're in luck, Dilia's here.

Oh, and don't beat yourself up over letting Jiniki swim. There was no way for you to know that there was something dangerous in there. Plus, you were standing right there! You were doing the appropriate thing by supervising her activity. If you try to shelter her by keeping her out of any remotely dangerous situation she's going to feel smothered and trapped and be very unhappy!
>>
No. 218339 ID: 1a31b8

>>218317
Jini's a good kid, and always does what she's told. No need to be harsh with her, just let her know what you want and she'll be eager to please - she knows you're doing it out of love.

Here comes Dilia, and she has a mount with her! If you can convince her to come with you, maybe you and Jini can ride the lizard-thing at night, so moving won't be much of an issue.
>>
No. 218405 ID: a41aaf

>>218317
>He would prefer them to travel at night, when it's cooler. But the cold makes it hard for the Klis-khar to move.
Travel during dawn and dusk. Intermediate temperature for both parties, and most other species who operate best at temperature extremes will be busy encamping or decamping rather than wandering about.
>>
No. 218864 ID: 6547ec
File 128197920574.png - (66.66KB , 700x500 , 89.png )
218864

>>218405
Hmm. That could work. Sleeping like that would be kind of weird, but it's not like they'd have to do it for very long. Shela will tell the Diuban of this plan when he wakes up.

>>218339
>>218323
Jiniki deserves so much better than she got...

But Shela would be doing more harm than good by trying to shelter her. Nobody got hurt, so she'll...try not to blame herself for what happened just now.

Wait. Dilia?

>>218319
Why would she be here--

"Hello, Iiji."
>>
No. 218865 ID: 6547ec
File 128197927238.png - (53.89KB , 700x500 , 90.png )
218865

Shela never really talked to Dilia after the events at the facility. Dilia mostly talked to the Lian and the Bird during the slumber party everyone had. Dilia looks at Shela coldly while removing her cowl.

She wonders if Dilia's still mad about what she had done to her.

"Jiniki said you had some papers for me to translate," she says.

"Yes--" Susan sees the leezar-- um. Lizard. "Hmm."

"What." Dilia says with a flat expression.

"Actually, would you be willing to tag along for a bit? Your mount would be very useful, and maybe you could help us figure out how honest this Diuban is being. And... we could talk about stuff?"

"I think I would prefer to leave the mount here and walk back on foot. During the heat, even."

Dilia's probably still mad.
>>
No. 218867 ID: a594b9

Now's a good time to talk, then. Tell her how sorry you are.
>>
No. 218880 ID: f35afd

Don't bother trying to apologize. You sending people back and spreading the word, working toward peace, will do a lot more to change her mind than some hollow words. Besides, as long as one of you is walking, all the mount does is keep someone from getting tired, it doesn't let you get anywhere any faster, and you'd have to feed and water it while you traveled.

Just get her to translate the papers and then move on. She'll forgive you when you can prove you deserve to be forgiven. I mean, you really fucked her whole life up pretty bad, so... yeah, I don't think a hug and an apology is going to make much of a difference.
>>
No. 218881 ID: f35afd

>>218880
ALTHOUGH she more than understands about the madness that the Majika transformations brings. When you were Iiji, you weren't you. I mean, she's got to understand that some of the blame for your horrible, shitty actions has to do with the majika and not with you being a lunatic.
>>
No. 218884 ID: 588ec1

what is it's capacity? if it's just one then the guy can ride it while you walk during the day so he doesn't get heatstroke.
>>
No. 218895 ID: 3234dd

>>218881

>> When you were Iiji, you weren't you.

Yeah, just keep telling yourself that, heh heh.
>>
No. 218917 ID: 8e4f19

Ask her if Amiel agreed to icy sexytimes yet. That can't be a bad idea at all.

Also, Dilia is the last person who can blame you for going a little nuts when hopped up on magiballs, Miss Electric Slutpony. That was even more confusing than a bird and a porcupine.
>>
No. 218939 ID: 0dfb3c

Weeell, tell her it's Shela now, anywhoo.
>>
No. 219147 ID: 6547ec
File 128207073652.png - (50.14KB , 700x500 , 91.png )
219147

>>218867
"...You hate me, don't you?" Shela asks.

"Wha--? I-I-I didn't say--"

"It's okay."
>>
No. 219148 ID: 6547ec
File 128207084436.png - (68.31KB , 700x500 , 92.png )
219148

>>218880
Shela continues, "I know an apology isn't enough for what I've done to you and the others. I know it'll take more than a few words and an adorable hugging scene to make things right."

>>218881
Shela looks down at Jiniki. "I asked them to give me majicka so I could heal her scar, but it made me forget everything that mattered to me. I owe you and your friends so much for letting me be with her as myself again. I'll spend my life making it up to her-- and to you, as well."
>>
No. 219150 ID: 6547ec
File 128207102872.png - (120.02KB , 700x500 , 93.png )
219150

Dilia sits down near Shela and sighs. "I'm sorry. I'm being unfair. I know firsthand what majicka does to you. I know what it does to your mind. It's just so hard to forget everything that happened."

"Believe me, I know how painful it is to remember."

A somewhat awkward moment passes.

"So," Dilia finally says, "you don't like being called Iiji anymore, right? Didn't you have a new name? What was it...Ishi? Suzy?"

>>218939
"I've decided to go by 'Shela' from now on. It roughly translates to 'I hope to be redeemed."

"It's nice. I guess in the end we both want the same thing, huh?"

"Yeah."

Dilia smiles a little. "Okay...Shela. I'll try to think of you as a new person just like Amiel and the others did for me. It's really hard to act like nothing happened, but I'll try."
>>
No. 219152 ID: 6547ec
File 128207114182.png - (151.19KB , 700x500 , 94.png )
219152

>>218917
"That means a lot to me. Hey-- Amiel is the Lian, right? How have you two been doing, anyway?"

"Um w-w-what do you mean?"

"You two were all over each other at the slumber party. I was just curious if you two--"

"OKAY I'LL COME WITH YOU YOU'VE CONVINCED ME LET'S JUST MOVE ON"

"Hmhm." This is the closest Shela's had to an honest chuckle in ages.

"So where are those papers! Gotta translate those papers!"

>>218884
Looks like it could hold both Shela and Jiniki. It might struggle if Dilia and anyone else tries to ride it, but the other Diuban and Jiniki might do okay.
>>
No. 219153 ID: 6547ec
File 128207119432.png - (38.83KB , 700x500 , 95.png )
219153

"Hmm. This looks like the deed to a...mining area."

"That's odd, the way he talked it sounded like he wanted some farmland. Why would he want a gem to bless a coalmine?"

"Gem?"

"Don't you guys use gems that hold the spirit of the land or something?"

"Um? We do offer a prayer for land to be blessed, but I don't think we use gems for it, unless something's changed since I left."

"Hmm."
>>
No. 219157 ID: f3aaac

Well it might be a precious gem mine and maybe he needs the gem as some kind of proof. Sounds like you've gotten caught up in a struggle over mining rights.

I think you should arrange events so that only Dilia is at this guys side when he wakes up. Then she can use her seductive charm to get the full story out of him again and compare it to what Shela was told.
>>
No. 219158 ID: a594b9

Show her the gem, then. She should know what it is.
>>
No. 219159 ID: f35afd

Ask her if the deed says anything unusual. At the very least, it should list some kind of valuation or assessment. Also, show her the gem and ask if it means anything to her. Tell her in detail what the other Diuban said about the gem and the mine. I mean, you knew he was full of shit, we just need to figure out by how much. With majika worms and things happening, this may be more dangerous than it first appeared.
>>
No. 219168 ID: 30b0e1

Oh hey, he was lying after all. And it sounds like you've gotten mixed up in the weirdest game of Minecraft the desert has ever seen.

With any luck, that gem has some cool stuff going on inside of it, so let Dilia confirm it's not something she's familiar with.

Also, apologize for keeping her from Amiel's spiky, refreshingly frosty embrace. Gods willing, we'd all be there right now. It's hot out here in the desert, after all.
>>
No. 219496 ID: 6547ec
File 128216644065.png - (108.95KB , 700x500 , 96.png )
219496

>>219159
"Does anything about the deed seem...off? Does it mention the value of the land?"

"Hmm... Whoa. This land is worth a lot. That mine contains a number of precious metals and gems. You could make a fortune mining in there."

"Mommy...? Jiniki says sleepily.
>>
No. 219497 ID: 6547ec
File 128216647888.png - (74.52KB , 700x500 , 97.png )
219497

Jiniki suddenly jumps up. "Mommy is the vampire gone did we kill it"

"The 'vampire' won't be hurting you anymore, my child. You're a hero."

"I'm a hero~!

>>219158
>>219159
"So the Diuban took these from a government building?" Dilia asks.

"Yeah. He claims the land is rightfully his and they're trying to steal it."

"The land is worth enough that a corrupted official might try something that sneaky, but this gem..."

"...What? What about it?"

"I may be wrong, but I really don't think he got this from the same place he got the deed. This is a sacred gem, usually worn by preachers of our faith. They're made of a rare gem and are worth a great deal, but stealing these are considered one of the lowest things you can do."

>>219157
"I see. I think we should just hide over here while you seduce him and get more information. He'll probably be more willing to brag the truth to you if you lead him on a little bit."
>>
No. 219498 ID: 6547ec
File 128216649213.png - (81.83KB , 700x500 , 98.png )
219498

"What? You want me to--"

"You can do it Dilia we believe in you~!"

Suggestions can now be given to Dilia.

"Um..."
>>
No. 219509 ID: b10c0e

So. Ever kissed a girl? I have!
>>
No. 219511 ID: 6547ec
File 128216869925.png - (77.98KB , 700x500 , 99.png )
219511

"By the way, you don't actually have to seduce him if you don't want to. I just think you might have better luck getting the truth out of him than we've had. I'll leave it up to you."


"Gee, thanks."

Shela may be a different person now, but Dilia can still see some of the old 'Iiji' in her.
>>
No. 219512 ID: 6547ec
File 128216871224.png - (67.34KB , 700x500 , 100.png )
219512

The Diuban sits up.

"Huh? What's going on? Where's the bug lady? Who are you?"
>>
No. 219516 ID: b10c0e

Comedy: Just a rampent xenophile, you?

For Ceral: Just another Diuban, wondering what to do.
>>
No. 219524 ID: 117dce

Say that you just came upon the scene and don't know about any bug people. Ask him what he's doing there so ill-equipped for the terrain. You might also want to point out that you're a pretty good tracker or something. You want to get him to open up. Of course, he's probably going to look around for the gem and the deed. Hopefully he'll freak out and say something when he can't find either. The tracker bit up there is so you can be all "Oh what did they take? I'll help you look for it" if necessary.
>>
No. 219532 ID: 79da3e

It's probably best not to lie outright. If he turns out to be a nice guy then you don't want to start off with betrayal and treachery. Tell him Shela went off somewhere leaving his stuff with you figuring that you'd be better at taking care of a fellow Diuban.

Ask him what his story is and what his family is like. Why did he risk crossing the desert unprepared? While you do this, pull back your robe to reveal your sexy womanly curves, the ones that are perfectly rounded for catching the attention of any heterosexual Diuban male.

See if you can get him to bring up the gem and the deed rather than having to ask him.
>>
No. 219557 ID: 5fcc2c

Play dumb for now. Admit that Shela asked for you to come, but say she was out scouting with Jiniki when you got here. Ask about this farmland, and don't mention the gem.
>>
No. 219561 ID: 0dfb3c

Let's pull a Tayza, Dilia! Ask him what the fuck's up, what's he doing out here, what exactly it is that he's after, and - goddamnit, stop staring at our womanly curves!
>>
No. 219581 ID: 5a2e05

You're the police and he should keep his hands where you can see 'em.
>>
No. 219640 ID: 6547ec

>>219561
C'mon, not even I stare at Tayza's womanly curves. :/
>>
No. 219744 ID: 429484

>>219640
Well good thing we're not trying to seduce YOU then.

Also see if he can update us on the general status of the Diuban homeland. Dilia's knowledge might be a bit outdated.
>>
No. 219890 ID: 9bd27f

>>219512

Play it straight Dilia. You don't need to flaunt anything. That takes care of itself.

Instead, just ask questions. You haven't been home for a long time, and you would really like to know what's going on. Get him talking about himself. Let him rant a bit.

Relax. It'll all work out.

Also, try to think up some sort of jokes at Shela's expense. There's got to be something that makes big bugs blush.
>>
No. 220116 ID: 0dfb3c

>>219890

I like big abdomens and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist and a round carapace in your face...
>>
No. 220174 ID: 6547ec
File 128232729075.png - (55.54KB , 700x500 , 101.png )
220174

>>219509
It was weird at first, but...

...Huh? What as she doing, again?
>>
No. 220175 ID: 6547ec
File 12823273159.png - (158.12KB , 700x500 , 102.png )
220175

>>219532
She removes her coat. Had she known she was going to be doing this, she would have worn something less plain.

"I'm Dilia. Iij-- Shela had mentioned that she found another Diuban, and I've not seen my kind in a while so I figured we could talk and catch up on the homeland."

"I-uh-"

"I'd love to hear more about you, too. What was your family like?"

"Uh--fuh-fine. They're fine. My dad's-- uh-- he's a farmer."

"That's...good. So why were you out in the desert unprepared and in leather of all things?"

"I-um, I was chased. By. People."
>>
No. 220176 ID: 6547ec
File 12823273447.png - (75.50KB , 700x500 , 103.png )
220176

>>219561
"Hey-- are you paying attention, sweety? I came all the way out here to have a nice talk, not to hear you trip over your words!"

That's about as close to Tayza as Dilia can manage.

"Oh-- um, sorry. You're just... sorry."

>>219890
Looks like he's quite fond of Dilia's curves. She decides to tone it down and act friendly instead. Maybe now he'll talk normally. She smiles, partly from how good his reaction's making her feel about herself.

"Come on-- tell me about what it's like back home. I'd really like to hear more about it," Dilia says.

"Um, it's all right, I guess. The government's kind of corrupted with power, and all anyone cares about anymore is money. Like, people will still pray to the land, but it sounds more and more like they're just repeating tired lines. They don't seem to actually care anymore, and the holidays are becoming so commercialized. Corporations pave over forests to make towns and roads, all without asking the spirits' permission or blessing! But not me. I know what really matters. I just need to get some money, and I can create a place for real Diubans who actually give a damn about their faith!" the Diuban rants.

"Wow, it sounds like things have changed a lot," Dilia responds. "My breasts are glad you told them that story."
>>
No. 220177 ID: 6547ec
File 12823273714.png - (52.66KB , 700x500 , 104.png )
220177

"Ah-- I'm sorry," he says, quickly looking away.

"It's okay, sweety, just please try to look me in the eyes like I'm a sentient being, okay?"

"Okay-- sorry."

>Also, try to think up some sort of jokes at Shela's expense. There's got to be something that makes big bugs blush.

"I guess you're into healthy women, huh? I don't know how you managed to talk to Shela at all."

"Um, well she doesn't have-- you know. But I did notice half of her body was kind of in her ass."

>>220116
"Yeah, she certainly has a lot of USELESS ITEMS in her REAR STORAGE CONTAINER. Heheh"

Shela attempts to slap Dilia with her tentacle, but this fails for obvious reasons.
>>
No. 220178 ID: 6547ec
File 128232738414.png - (75.55KB , 700x500 , 105.png )
220178

"Anyway, she showed me the deed. Why do you have a deed to a mine?"

"Ah, you saw that, did you." He pauses for a moment. "My ambitions require money. My, uh, family saved up enough to buy it, but the government took the money and the deed at the last moment."

"Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. What about that gem?"

"The gem-- oh, I want to preach the real faith, so obviously I'm a member of the clergy. I admit I briefly considered selling it when we were saving up, but I'd be no better than the others if I did that."

This sure is a lot of information! She wonders how it compares to what he's told Shela.
>>
No. 220194 ID: 4e24b4

Well the main issue I can see is that his 'family' saved up to buy a mine, but his dad is a farmer, which isn't very high income unless we're talking a truly immense farm. This guy also sounds like he's following some radical ideology. He certainly seems to think he's doing the right thing...

Maybe there's no harm in him going to this prime minister character. There's a chance he won't be as welcome as he seems to imagine. He could just be arrested for theft. There's also the question of why he had to steal the deed and run rather than just going to the prime minister to ask for justice.

Ask him more about this prime minister. Why would he help out when the government is corrupt? How did this guy raise the money to buy the mine and what sort of excuse did his local government use to take the deed AND the money off him?

Finally - what is this guys NAME?
>>
No. 220200 ID: a594b9

>>220178
Ask him to tell you more about the faith. Does he have any scripture handy?
>>
No. 220217 ID: 6547ec

I almost wish we had a fourth party to get him to talk some more; if we kept going, I'm sure he'll eventually claim to be the king undercover on a secret mission.
>>
No. 220517 ID: 117dce

Get closer to him. Sidle right up against him and maybe rub your tits against his back some while you ask him about the above.
>>
No. 220584 ID: 6547ec
File 128242562414.png - (77.20KB , 700x500 , 106.png )
220584

>>220194
"Shela mentioned your intentions to take this deed to the prime minister. Why do you think he'll help you? Isn't he corrupt too?"

"I think he's still a good man. He keeps talking about the old times and his desire to bring back our respect for the land. I think the rest of the government is trying to stop him, but he still holds a good amount of power over them."

"I see. Come to think of it, how did they manage to get both the deed and the money from you?"

"Well, my father's getting old and his...mind isn't what it used to be. They asked him for the money up front and promised to be back with the deed, but of course they never returned. If only I had been there, I could have prevented that."

>>220200
"You're a member of the clergy, huh? Do you have any scripture? It's been so long since I've heard any preachings."

Dilia was never very religious, but he doesn't have to know that.

"I, um. In my rush to get away I didn't think to bring those with me."

"What's your name, anyway?"

"Oh, it's...Deylin Seneiri."

The last name matches the name on the deed, but that isn't necessarily proof of anything.
>>
No. 220586 ID: 6547ec
File 128242566444.png - (67.60KB , 700x500 , 107.png )
220586

"You've been asking a lot about me. If I didn't know better I'd say you were coming on to me~"

"Um--"

"You could come with me, you know. Once I took care of a few things, we would have quite a bit of money coming in from this mine. We'd be able to set up a church and perhaps a preserve where people can gather to appreciate the land."

"I-I couldn't do that. I have..."

"We'd live a very comfortable life, you and I. Unless you already have someone...?"

"...."

>>220517
This might give him the wrong idea.
>>
No. 220590 ID: 8c0848

>>220586
Give him the wrong idea.
>>
No. 220594 ID: 66bf15

"what, i can't get to know someone without it looking like i'm coming on to them? jeez, you men are all the same."
guilt trip!
>>
No. 220597 ID: a594b9

>>220586
What's with that scar on his shoulder?

...and the face on the hat?
>>
No. 220598 ID: 3234dd

abort mission abort mission he's not supposed to come on to you o.o
>>
No. 220654 ID: 4e24b4

Well now that's an odd offer from a guy you've only just met who doesn't know anything about you. Tell him it's a LOVELY offer, but how can he be so sure that you're not a serial killer who has just murdered the two Klis-khar? After all you're just playing with him before you take his life...
>>
No. 220672 ID: 5a2e05

Punch him in the snout to establish dominance.
>>
No. 220675 ID: 117dce

Okay, well, it looks like the whole party should travel with this guy. We can see if he's really up to no good or not, and if he tries anything, Jiniki can squash him (or at least restrain him). If he is actually legit, we should tell him about the facility, and that we're sort of trying to do the same thing - make a safe place for people who don't want to put up with no bullshit.

he might just be a smooth talker, though, after all, we don't know how he got that deed from those guys.
>>
No. 220682 ID: b10c0e

Oh, come on, you already have a very lovely life we a very lovely girl who can do very lovely things with her tongue. And the bird is pretty cute too. And you living in a science building outside of space/time when you want it. hells yeah.

You know what would be -easy-? Sending him to Zalika.
>>
No. 220939 ID: 6547ec

>>220672
Y'know what? This. He is fucking with you, and should be thanking everything above and below that they sent Dilia instead of Tayza. He's nothing more than a con artist who stole a gem, and I'm starting to regret feeding the guard to Tayza.
>>
No. 220951 ID: 9bd27f

>>220586

No need to be subtle here. Just tell him that you're currently committed to a fledgling movement meant to bring about peace between the Lians and Tezakians, and that, besides that, you've recently come out of a rather rocky relationship, and that you're not ready to commit.

Then pull a: "But I am flattered." and an "It was nice to talk to someone."

And if he looks upset, throw in a shy "And it was nice to get some attention, even if I'm not ready to move on."

And then tell him that Shela's single, and that Jiniki could use a father, just to see what he does.
>>
No. 221024 ID: c16ebe

>>220939
There was a reason I wanted Tayza to just eat the Lizard - We didn't know for sure what was going on and that would only delay the guy, and not be likely to cause trouble later on if we didn't trust this guy.

I'm a little curious why you're certain he's a con artist and not just suspicious though.

and since I'm posting,
>>220951
sounds like a good idea to start with, but we need to come up with a plan to figure out what's true, preferably without a massive detour when trying to get home.
>>
No. 221054 ID: 6547ec

I've been kind of burned out, so I'm going to wait until tomorrow (monday) to begin updating.

I've had to take these breaks in Tezakia Quest many times, so for some of you this is nothing new.
>>
No. 221385 ID: 6547ec

>>221024
I admit that 'con artist' is going a bit far, but only because that would require him to be GOOD at lying. He's pretty obviously making things up as he goes along, and now he has the gall to be all "why don't you come with me?"

Suggesting violence was simply because pulling a Tayza was mentioned earlier. Also, I was lying about regretting having Tayza eat anything.
>>
No. 221491 ID: 6547ec
File 128259922516.png - (70.30KB , 700x500 , 108.png )
221491

>>220594
"Hmph. One moment you're stuttering and staring at my chest, and the next you're asking someone you just met to spend their life with you. I came here for some friendly conversation, not so you could sit there oggling me!"

"Aw, don't be like that. I didn't mean to stare. You just took me off-guard at first. You seem to be a very lovely lady, so I figured I'd give you a friendly offer, that's all."

>>220654
"You don't know anything about me. For all you know I could be a serial killer."

"You're far too sweet to be that kind of person. Trust me, I'm a real good judge of character."

>>220951
Dilia gives a forced chuckle. "Either way, I've already devoted myself to a noble cause. I'm part of a movement trying to bring peace to the Tezakian and Lian races."

"Oh, really? See, I knew you were a saint~"

"Not really. Look, I've come out of a...very strange relationship, and I have this other... um, it's complicated. But I can't just go running off with strange men."
>>
No. 221492 ID: 6547ec
File 128259924886.png - (72.08KB , 700x500 , 109.png )
221492

Dilia continues. "I hear Shela's single, though. She might be interested in your offer."

"T-the bug-lady? But she doesn't have any-- I mean, we aren't compatible-- um."

"I've seen stranger couplings in my day, sweety."

WHAT. Shela hops out from behind the bush, trying to look like she just happened to be coming from that direction.
>>
No. 221495 ID: 6547ec
File 128259926738.png - (83.77KB , 700x500 , 110.png )
221495

"Why hello, Dilia. I see you two have been enjoying a pleasant conversation while I was gone."

"We sure have~" Dilia responds cheerfully. It's kind of refreshing being able to tease Shela openly. "So what do you think of Diubans? Didn't you say once you were fond of our horns~?"

"I think we should focus on more important things."

"Are you blushing~?"

"Klis-khar don't blush."

The nerve of that woman! Shela may be a fallen queen, but she still has some tastes!

"ANYWAY, it's about time for us to pack up and move out. The sun's going down and the temperature's starting to drop."

Jiniki might not be able to contact Zalika if they move much further out, so this is likely their last chance if they want to ask anything else of Tayza. Shela's already pretty sure that the Diuban's lying to them, she just isn't sure how much.
>>
No. 221497 ID: c16ebe

> "You don't know anything about me. For all you know I could be a serial killer."
> "You're far too sweet to be that kind of person. Trust me, I'm a real good judge of character."
We have our first definite lie!
... please don't kill me Dilia

Can we get a map? Where is the prime minister he wants to go to? The land the deed goes to? Klis-khar territory?

also, Jiniki: Remember to say goodbye to Amiel too! Hopefully she's not mad or anything.
>>
No. 221505 ID: 3234dd

>>221492

:3 I like Dilia.
>>
No. 221507 ID: 1a99f0

If Dilia is going to be coming along for a while that's probably something we should mention to Tayza. Careful with the wording though, she seemed a bit jealous of Dilia getting picked to come in the first place, she might not be happy about her getting to tag along, either.
>>
No. 221547 ID: 117dce

I guess say bye to everybody and tell them what's going on (going to prime minister, seeing about Diuban stuff). I figured we'd get out of range eventually.

Uhhh, basically, we just need to keep our eye on him and make sure we keep the gem and deed. Sleep on top of them so he can't snag them and run off. I'm glad Dilia's coming too. If everyone takes turns riding the lizard, we can probably get further because it will take longer for everyone to tire out.
>>
No. 221560 ID: a594b9

>>221495
Have Tayza find out exactly what the guard's story is. He didn't really give us any details when we spoke to him. I'm sure Tayza can make him confess... heheheh.
>>
No. 221853 ID: 6547ec
File 128268567353.png - (139.10KB , 700x500 , 111.png )
221853

>>221507
"Dilia's going to come with us for a while if that's okay Tayza and then she'll come back later." Jiniki says with some difficulty; her majicka is still recovering.

"All right, if she's fine with that then I guess it's okay. The mount will probably do you guys a lot of good for the last leg of your trip."

>Jiniki: Remember to say goodbye to Amiel too! Hopefully she's not mad or anything.

"Um Tell Amiel I said bye and I hope she's not mad or anything."

Tayza's silent for a few moments. "She says she's not angry and that you should come back really soon."

>>221547
>>221560
Jiniki updates Tayza on what they learned and asks her to see if any of it matches the guard's story. That is, if she can get him to talk.

Tayza assures Jiniki that she has ways of making people talk. She'll let her know what she finds if they're still able to communicate.

Shela decides to let Jiniki ride with Dilia for the moment. She's still recovering, and it's better to minimize how much walking she has to do.

Deylin says something about enjoying the view, to which Dilia replies in a strange tone that the sunset does look rather nice. He chuckles.

Shela never did get Diuban humor.
>>
No. 221854 ID: 6547ec
File 128268570465.png - (94.48KB , 800x600 , 112.png )
221854

>>221497
Susan gets a general idea of the surrounding area from Deylin. It should only be a day or two of walking before they're out of the desert.

There are multiple checkpoints around the edge of the desert, with various security patrols in between them. Deylin managed to slip past while the patrols were...preoccupied. Shela asks what they were preoccupied with, but he simply shrugs and says they must have found someone trying to sneak drugs through the border. The timing seemed really convenient for him.

Most likely, the guards patrolling these checkpoints are on the lookout for Deylin.
>>
No. 221856 ID: f35afd

Crossing between the last Diuban checkpoint and the Tezakian checkpoint seems like the best idea. There are no arrows between those two, so the security should be lighter and perhaps the Tezakians aren't looking for him as thoroughly. The coat and hat should probably be packed up or destroyed. They're almost certainly part of his description if it's been circulated widely, and at the very least will buy them some time, especially if they're bullshitting a different species.
>>
No. 221909 ID: 6547ec
File 128269802727.png - (103.84KB , 800x600 , 113.png )
221909

>>221856
"Let's head west. If we lean towards the Tezakian checkpoint, we might have an easier time getting you through undetected."

"I, um-- actually, I was hoping we'd go northwest. I have a...feeling that the guard there will be distracted."

"I don't know, that seems a whole lot more risky."

"Trust me! I have a good feeling about this!"
>>
No. 221910 ID: a594b9

>>221909
Ugh, FINE but only if he tells us why.
>>
No. 221913 ID: 40cb26

>>221909
No. Not without an explanation. Either he tells you now, or in a moment when you have your foot in his ass.
>>
No. 221954 ID: 117dce

Wouldn't it be a better idea to go on the tezakian side of the westernmost Diuban checkpoint? You know, split the difference between those two lines? Also, remind him that you have ALL the cards and he might want to be a little more forthcoming if he doesn't want the deed to end up in pieces and the diamond to end up at the bottom of the river... or, you know, for all three (himself included) to end up in the hands of Diubanian soldiers.
>>
No. 222028 ID: 1a99f0

>>221909
surely we can't do something so risky based on a good feeling. nope, can't be done. Refuse to go anywhere except the Tezakian checkpoint, that should make him more willing to give up some info about his "feeling"
>>
No. 222050 ID: c16ebe

... Why was Deylin running AWAY from the capitol to begin with?

He can't have been in close pursuit when running away through the checkpoints, he was on foot while his pursuer was on lizard. I can't think of any other reason he would have ran away from where he wanted to go and through a risky area. This is bugging me far too much to ignore.

Other questions to ask afterwards if not answered by his response to that: Where is the prime minister, in the capitol? Also still curious where the mine is, but at the moment I guess that's a smaller concern.
>>
No. 222225 ID: 6547ec
File 128278108036.png - (76.17KB , 700x500 , 114.png )
222225

>>221910
>>221913
"You're going to have to give me a reason before we do something so risky."

"Well, I kind of know the patrols, and..."

"Mmhmm. Got anything better?"

"You shouldn't keep secrets from us," Dilia says. "After all, we're not obligated to help you at all."

"I know that, but I...can't you just trust me on this one?"
>>
No. 222226 ID: 6547ec
File 128278110392.png - (86.31KB , 700x500 , 115.png )
222226

>>222028
"You can go that way if you want, but unless you give us the truth, we're heading towards the Tezakian checkpoint with or without you."

"...All right, you've got me. I have some friends helping me out. They got me past the border the first time, and they're set up to get me back in. They've prepared another distraction that will let us enter unnoticed, but only if we head between those two Diuban checkpoints."

>>221954
"I'm not sure I trust your 'friends' not to attempt to rob and/or kill us. We'll take the safer route, then when we're clear you'll be able to meet with them and do whatever you want."

"...Fine," Deylin grunts.

They walk silently as the temperature continues to drop. Before long, Susan struggles to walk and changes places with Dilia. A couple of hours later, they decide to go ahead and make camp and wait for daybreak.
>>
No. 222227 ID: 6547ec
File 128278111740.png - (111.19KB , 700x500 , 116.png )
222227

"Still awake, I see," Deylin says.

"It's too cold to sleep," Shela replies.

"You could snuggle up with her. For warmth." Deylin points to Dilia.

"That'd be kind of...awkward."

"I suppose you could sleep next to me if you want."

"I wouldn't give Dilia the satisfaction."

Deylin lets out a short laugh. "Fair enough."

>>222050
"So, why were you running south of the capitol anyway? Wouldn't it have been wiser to head north, straight to the prime minister?"

"There's no way I would have made it up there on my own. The police were expecting me to go that way. I had to throw them off by heading south. If I go around, I should be able to sneak by while they search for me in the desert."

"I see."

"...You know, we can still veer north and meet my friends."

"Playing this safe will only add half a day to your trip. I'm sorry, but my mind's made up."

"I see. I'm sorry you feel that way..."
>>
No. 222234 ID: 1a99f0

can't we just have Jiniki dive into this guy's brain and figure out what is and isn't true or something?
>>
No. 222266 ID: 3234dd

Give her the satisfaction! You know you have a thing for dangerous men who happen to be warm blooded.
>>
No. 222353 ID: a41aaf

There's always Mr Lizard.
>>
No. 222354 ID: 6547ec

>>222353
Mr Lizard is awesome, but is, unfortunately, a cold-blooded reptile.

Continue chatting, but watch out. I can't remember the last time someone said "I'm sorry you feel that way" without immediately and violently trying to make you feel much worse.
>>
No. 222378 ID: bc1727

He doesn't seem like the violently double-crossing an unarmed woman-bug-thing that saved his life type. That being said, if he did, he'd probably just abscond with yo ride.

Not a terrible loss. If he does try anything, I'd advise against getting in his way so as not to find out what he's capable of (not worth getting hurt over a lizard). That is, unless you've been hiding your latent combat prowess from us this whole time.
>>
No. 222388 ID: 9bd27f

>>222227

Put him at ease and try to get him to see things your way. Your daughter is traveling with you after all, and taking her into some cloak-and-dagger gambit isn't exactly something a loving parent would do... unless they were really high on majicka or something.

This way, he won't think you're in some contest of wills with him, and will be less likely to try something, and more likely to trust your motives... hopefully.

Also, steal Dilia's blanket. She has fur, and mammal blood. That's like, triple heating, and all you have is a... shawl kind of thing? The hell are you wearing? Anyway, take that blanket.
>>
No. 222466 ID: 0dfb3c

>>222388

But that's not just Dilia's blanket, Jini's under there, too. Clearly we must suffer to keep lil'bug warm.
>>
No. 222546 ID: 9bd27f

>>222466

Well damn. So no blanket then. I guess you just need to chill next to the big, fluffy warm guy then.
>>
No. 222564 ID: 3234dd

>>222388

Blankets only help if you're warm blooded. ಠ_ಠ
>>
No. 222638 ID: 6547ec
File 12829041417.png - (61.69KB , 700x500 , 117.png )
222638

>>222354
Susan reaches discreetly into her backpack for the Uhiki'sha. "You're not thinking of attacking a cold, defenseless Klis-khar, are you?"

"What gives you that idea?"

"People usually don't say 'I'm sorry to hear that' without the intent to attack."

"I see. I'm obviously annoyed by your stubbornness, but I'm not about to attack someone who saved my life."

>>222388
"It's not that I'm all that worried about myself, you know. My daughter is pretty much all I have left. I couldn't go on without her; I have to play it safe for her sake."

"...Ah," he says, sounding less annoyed. "I guess I can't blame you," he says as he removes his coat, presumably to use as a blanket. "I don't want a child getting hurt because of me. I guess I really have no choice, huh. "

"Thank you."
>>
No. 222639 ID: 6547ec
File 128290415350.png - (52.97KB , 700x500 , 118.png )
222639

>Also, steal Dilia's blanket.
>But that's not just Dilia's blanket, Jini's under there, too. Clearly we must suffer to keep lil'bug warm.

Shela's so cold she can barely move, but Jiniki's tiny smile makes her feel a little warmer. She'll leave them alone.

>>222546
>>222266
It's so cold...

"Is that offer still open?" Shela asks. "To share your warmth, I mean."

"I wish you wouldn't phrase it that way, but yes."

Dilia's words must be bothering him still.
>>
No. 222640 ID: 6547ec
File 128290416871.png - (81.58KB , 700x500 , 119.png )
222640

Shela fails to stand up, and instead crawls over to Deylin. She joins him under his coat, and rests her head on her backpack.

"Ah! You're freezing!" he says in surprise.

"Yes, I know that."

"Um, do you want me to like, hug you until you're warm?"

"I'm fine. Really."

"All right. Good night." He says and faces away from her.

Shela struggles to stay awake. Deylin's body heat is so nice. So comforting.

So warm...
>>
No. 222641 ID: 6547ec
File 128290418082.png - (102.35KB , 700x500 , 120.png )
222641

...!

Almost morning. Shela sits up with a start.

It's gone.

It's gone.
>>
No. 222648 ID: 97cb33

SON OF A BITCH!
>>
No. 222655 ID: a594b9

His tracks are still there. We can follow him. Wake everyone up; this is no time to run off alone.
>>
No. 222669 ID: bc1727

You listen to the suggestion that he'd attack when it's obvious he wouldn't but ignore my suggestion that he will jack yo ride? I fail to pity you.

Follow tracks.
>>
No. 222675 ID: 0dfb3c

Well, shit.

Wake Jini up; tell her to contact Sekani and get him to send some of the Tezakian ex-suicide-squad our way. With their flight, they should be able to theoretically travel faster than even the Diuban on the lizard.
>>
No. 222676 ID: a41aaf

He kidnapped Mr Lizard! Shit just got real.
>>
No. 222707 ID: c16ebe

Okay, let's see.
The most likely scenario is that he took the gem, the deed, and maybe the lizard, and decided to take the risk of the path he suggested himself.

...

Is there any reason we have to follow him? Other than the lizard? I'm honestly inclined to just check our inventory for anything important he took, and if everything's there, move on to our own destination. Or more likely, check on Dilia and see what she wants to do, now that there's not much reason left for her to be here.
>>
No. 222712 ID: 1a99f0

actually this could be a serious problem. How much water is left? and how much longer is travel going to take without the lizard?
>>
No. 222747 ID: 6547ec
File 128295946969.png - (63.06KB , 700x500 , 121.png )
222747

>>222648
This is unbelievable!

>>222669
It was cold. Shela wasn't thinking straight. That stupid bird and his friends kept bragging about how they could befriend anyone. It got to her. Made her think she could trust people.

>>222707
They must go after him! He has the necklace! She... she can't just let him have it! She won't allow this insult to her!
>>
No. 222754 ID: 6547ec
File 128295981922.png - (99.73KB , 700x500 , 122.png )
222754

>>222676
Argh! Nobody insults Ishiji! Nobody!

>>222655
Yes! The tracks! She will hunt him down and make him pay! If she still had majicka, she could...

She wishes she wasn't so powerless.
>>
No. 222755 ID: 6547ec
File 128295983072.png - (22.42KB , 700x500 , 123.png )
222755

Ishiji checks her backpack. He took some of their RATIONS and WATER CONTAINERS, leaving them enough for a couple days of travel if they ration it out. Maybe longer if they let themselves go a little hungry and thirsty.


He didn't take anything else... Strange.
>>
No. 222756 ID: 6547ec
File 128295984460.png - (75.44KB , 700x500 , 124.png )
222756

>>222675
"Jiniki, wake up."

"Mmm? What is it?"

"HE TOOK-- He took our necklace and the lizard. You must tell Sekani to send a Tezakian out. Maybe they can get to him faster than we can."

Jiniki spends a few moments communicating with Sekani. With her majicka restored, it looks like she can still contact them even at this range.

"Um, he says he'll take care of it. He's super fast and the other birdies are only kinda super fast."

"Okay. Good. Dilia, I guess you can choose to go back home if you want, since the situation has...changed."

"I could," she responds. "I'd probably need a couple of rations and a water container to make the trip back on foot, though."

Giving Dilia the supplies to return home with leave them with precious little. At the same time, having her here will speed up the rate that they consume supplies.

"I'll do whatever you think is best," she says.
>>
No. 222757 ID: 3234dd

...

He took the necklace?

He stole a locket bearing the picture of a mother and daughter.

From the mother.

That bastard's going down.
>>
No. 222759 ID: 5a2e05

Keep her with you for now, she can always go back later when you get more supplies.
>>
No. 222766 ID: a594b9

He WANTS you to chase him. If he wanted to get away and not be followed he would've taken some of your supplies so that you'd have to go back to the oasis.

Plus he took your necklace, a thing that is not useful to him. He wants to piss you off, Shela. Don't fall for it. Don't run straight into a trap... or whatever he has planned.

Also... you're not Ishiji anymore, remember? You're not even powerless. You have the strength of your friends, and clarity of mind. Can't count on brute force for everything anyway.
>>
No. 222767 ID: 97cb33

yeah, taking something that would be worthless to him but valuable to you smells of trap.
>>
No. 222771 ID: 2222da

But we can't just let him have it... Follow him, but be prepared.
>>
No. 222792 ID: 1a99f0

>>222756
He definitely wants us to follow him, but if it's a trap, I doubt that he's counting on us bringing a magician along and calling in air support. Bring Dilia along too, we could use the help, and having her in the party could if we're gonna start heading towards Diuban territory. I don't suppose she brought a gun with her? or anything useful? and hey, you aren't powerless, you're a leader, your power lies in your friends and followers, now go forth and exact vengeance.
>>
No. 222814 ID: 6547ec

Deeply resent yourself for having the admirable self-control to refuse something which would have made you both immune to last night's cold and able to do something about this guy now.

Then pack things up and get following the tracks. Rations on filling, pace on strenuous. More supplies can be air-lifted by the birds if you really need them, but you've got to get moving.
>>
No. 222830 ID: 0dfb3c

Go cautiously and wait for Sekani. The Diuban probably won't be expecting aerial reconnaisance.
>>
No. 222912 ID: 9bd27f

>>222814
>Deeply resent yourself for having the admirable self-control to refuse something which would have made you both immune to last night's cold and able to do something about this guy now.

Wait... what? I don't get it. What could she have done that she didn't do? Kill him or something?

Anyhow...

>>222756

Calm down before you do anything else Shela. He stole a necklace - you tried to destroy civilization and take over the world. Try to keep things in perspective yeah?

Anyhow, it's not like he murdered you in your sleep or anything, so whatever his reasons for wanting you to follow him don't include killing you or anything. My guess, is he wants you to follow him so that he can use you as a decoy or scapegoat maybe? Or maybe some sort of weird gambit involving you rescuing him or something? Or forcing you guys to become his unwilling escort?

Oh jeez, he knows about Jiniki's majicka doesn't he? He saw her levitate that thing out of the water, among other things... and he didn't seem particularly bothered by the fact.

What the hell is going on? O_o
>>
No. 223041 ID: d4c931

>>222912

I was referring to her outright refusal to take the ice majicka earlier. It would have likely rendered her immune to the chill of the night, and she wouldn't have let her guard down so far. Also, you do not fuck with people who can hurlthrow giant icicles at or through you.

Then again, the transformation process tends to leave one surprisingly turned on, so we'd have had another awkward problem to deal with that night.
>>
No. 223360 ID: 6547ec
File 128311713758.png - (81.53KB , 700x500 , 125.png )
223360

>>222792
"...It might be best if you come with us for now. We should have enough supplies to at least get out of the desert. If all goes well, you'll be able to ride back on that Lizard."

"R-right."

"Hmm. Jiniki, ask Sekani to meet with us once he's scouted ahead. It will probably be safer if we all work as a team, I think."

"Okey-Dokey."
>>
No. 223361 ID: 6547ec
File 128311715579.png - (45.61KB , 700x500 , 126.png )
223361

>>222757
Damn right he is! They are going to catch up to him, take back Ishiji's necklace, and ensure that he is given a swift...
>>
No. 223363 ID: 6547ec
File 128311725775.png - (45.67KB , 700x500 , 127.png )
223363

>>222766
...s...stern talking to. Killing him would make her no better than the monster she used to be.

It's hard not to be angry. The only things that keep her going are Jiniki and the memory of a better time that the locket contains.

Can she even call any of the others her friend? Kaness and Rishik, probably. What about the bird? How does he even feel about her?

He and the others did everything they could to save her in the end. Why? The only answer she got was the bird going 'It was the right thing to do! peep peep I'm a bird!'

Was Shela wrong to leave them? For the first time, she feels some regret about choosing to start a life alone with her daughter. Taking Jiniki away from her first friends... Is this really the right thing to do?

She'll have to think about this later. For now, they need to get that necklace back. They... they must.
>>
No. 223364 ID: 6547ec
File 128311740680.png - (160.49KB , 700x500 , 128.png )
223364

>>222830
>>222814
>>222767
Of course-- the Tezakians could probably fly out some supplies from Zalika. Well, now they know how Dilia's getting back home.

They travel for about an hour. The sun is making its way up and the temperature is nice. They try to enjoy it while it lasts.

Sekani flies towards them and lands. "Hey guys~"

"Hi mister birdie~"

"What'd you find out?" Shela asks.

"Something's definitely up. I saw a good 3 or 4 guards wielding those weird dart guns. I wasn't sure if any of them were the guy who took your necklace, but I didn't see any of them wearing it? They're looking this way, so I think they're expecting us. They didn't think to look up, though~"

"Nobody ever does," Shela says. "If they shot at us, could you stop them with majicka, Jini?"

"Um I don't know if I'm fast enough to do that."

"Okay... how's your majicka doing? Would you be all right using it?"

"I think so!"
>>
No. 223365 ID: 6547ec
File 128311744776.png - (41.41KB , 700x500 , 129.png )
223365

The bird gives a little more detail about what he saw. This is the rough layout as far as Shela can picture it. Deylin may be hiding off to the side if he intends to use them as a diversion, but it's hard to know for sure.

With the bird's help, they have a few more options available to them. What's the plan of attack?
>>
No. 223404 ID: 1a99f0

Would Sekani be able to distract them long enough that Jiniki could get in range to steal their guns with majicka? I highly doubt that they'd be able to hit him.
>>
No. 223461 ID: c16ebe

Methinks we're to be the distraction for Deylin's return. That seems to be the most sensible reason why Deylin would get us to follow him.

Perhaps a better idea would be, how can we best alert the gaurds of Deylin.
>>
No. 223820 ID: 6547ec
File 128322095451.png - (65.26KB , 700x500 , 130.png )
223820

>>223404
Sekani flies past them! They shoot at him, but he easily dodges their shots.

He may be on her side now, but Shela still feels a little frustration at how quickly he flies. It's just so unfair.
>>
No. 223822 ID: 6547ec
File 128322097371.png - (59.11KB , 700x500 , 131.png )
223822

As he zooms past, Jiniki has an easy time taking the guns from the distracted guards.

>>223461
"Look around you!" Shela shouts to the guards. "We're a distraction! Someone's trying to sneak past!"

"That's quite alright," a familiar voice says.
>>
No. 223823 ID: 6547ec
File 128322101649.png - (76.54KB , 700x500 , 132.png )
223823

"I must thank you for disarming them for me," Deylin says.

"M-minister Seneiri!" One of the guards shouts. Y-you're under arrest!"

"Afraid not, boys." He halts the lizard and looks at Shela. "Sorry to deceive you guys, but I couldn't take any chances. You have my thanks. Oh, and you can visit me anytime once I've made a name for myself. I'll make it all up to you-- promise!"
>>
No. 223825 ID: 6547ec
File 128322111765.png - (67.94KB , 700x500 , 133.png )
223825

He throws the necklace at Shela's feet and begins to ride off.

This is such an insult. Shela doesn't want to let him get away with this, but the only person who can catch up to him is the bird. Relying on him leaves a bad taste in her mouth.

"I know what I am now! I'm a majickal pretty ninja princess~! What should I do with all these guns, mommy?"

Rearming them probably isn't a good idea. If shela doesn't run after Deylin, she'll have to think of the best way to explain to the guards what just happened.
>>
No. 223826 ID: d677cc

>>223825
You don't want to rely on the person who could actually do this because... why?
>>
No. 223846 ID: 6547ec
File 128322269884.png - (35.84KB , 700x500 , 134.png )
223846

>>223826
It... It's complicated.

He's just... too nice. Too likable. If this were somebody's story, they'd be accused of making him their self-insert.

"I see him! With one hit of my firepunch I can have him down in seconds. Just give the word. Or, um, ask Jiniki to give the word. Since you can't."

Shela decides that if it's the best thing to do, she'll let him handle it.
>>
No. 223847 ID: 97cb33

just stop him, you'll take care of the rest once you catch up.
>>
No. 223853 ID: 1a99f0

>>223846
Just let him do it, and for the guns, it would be nice if Dilia had a weapon right now, you too if you can use one.
>>
No. 223862 ID: 4c7b39

No.

You know why? Because this is a learning experience. You won't always have the bird there. You won't want to rely on your daughter and aside from that, you are supposed to be the example.

Have the bird stop him, speak your piece, then let it be.
>>
No. 223882 ID: 3e83e6

>>223846
Dont hurt the guy, but get the lizard back. See how well he does back on foot again.
>>
No. 223892 ID: a594b9

>>223846
We stop him, yell at him, then leave. Also, he needs to tell us the story straight this time. No way are we just gonna let him go without knowing what's up.
>>
No. 223900 ID: d677cc

>>223846
Whatever else you do, get the lizard back. :v
>>
No. 223954 ID: c16ebe

However, let's not be stupid - if he somehow threatens us go ahead and knock him out.
>>
No. 223956 ID: a594b9

...I think him keeping the lizard might work out for the best, honestly. He might actually need it to get away.
>>
No. 224282 ID: 6547ec
File 128330954159.png - (159.20KB , 700x500 , 135.png )
224282

>>223847
>>223853
>>223900
With confirmation, Sekani catches up to him.

"What the-- what the hell are you!?" Deylin asks out of surprise.

"Hey there. I think you should stop trying to run away."

"Get away from me! Shoo, bird! Shoo!"
>>
No. 224283 ID: 6547ec
File 128330959462.png - (172.03KB , 700x500 , 136.png )
224283

"No, really. You better stop or else I might explode right next to you~"

"What the fuck!? All right! Fine! Don't explode! I'm stopping!"
>>
No. 224284 ID: 6547ec
File 128330967574.png - (93.60KB , 700x500 , 137.png )
224284

"I stopped him for you~" the bird says happily.

"I should have known he was working for you."

"Don't you try anything!" Shela shouts, holding up one of the Diuban Rifles. "I have a gun and I'm almost fairly certain I could figure out how to use it if you gave me a minute!"

"Okay, you've got me. I probably should have known you'd have some kind of mutated on-fire Tezakian on your side."

"Yes, you really should have seen that coming. Now tell us the truth. Why do you need that mine so badly? Why is the government after you?"

"All right, fine."
>>
No. 224286 ID: 6547ec
File 128330980282.png - (95.67KB , 700x500 , 138.png )
224286

"My family aren't farmers, we're members of the church. It took some doing, but we eventually got enough money to obtain a mine. With it, we hoped to make the money required to begin a major campaign to get the right people elected. People who care about the land.

However, the government stopped our plans by citing an ancient law. Members of the Church aren't allowed to own land for the sake of profit. They demanded the deed and we didn't have the power to fight them, so I took the deed and ran.

We need that mine if we're even to begin getting the money together. I know I haven't been totally honest with you, but you have to believe me. I just want to preserve our sacred land!"

Shela motions for Deylin to get off the lizard as he talks. Euch-- it licked her!

"It's sooooo cuuuute~" Jiniki sings.

"Frankly, at this point I don't really care," Shela says. "You can pretty much go do whatever you want."

"I appreciate that. Um, if I can ask one more small favor, would you mind distracting the guards so I can get away? I can't outrun them without the Lizard. I swear I'll repay you one day."
>>
No. 224303 ID: 1a99f0

>>224286
whatever, I guess. We'll probably have to deal with them before we go anywhere anyway.

By the way, what makes Deylin so sure he can make it to the prime minister? Wouldn't he be somewhere towards the center of the capitol of a nation that he's now a wanted criminal in?
>>
No. 224306 ID: 9bd27f

>>224284

Jiniki, ask Sekani why he isn't wearing his awesome pants.

Shela, go ahead and let him go, not because you want his help in the future, but because he's seen a lot of majicka use by now, and you really need people in the world who are tolerant of the stuff. I'd say try to win over the guards, but using majicka against them, and then taking their guns... not to mention what might happen if they ever learn about the one we sent to Tayza. So yeah, unless we plan on clean slating this and taking them all out, we need at least one friendly out of this mess.

Wait, go ahead and ask for that favor now. Get him to preach about peace and junk. Maybe this could indirectly influence the anti-war efforts you're going about.

Oh, and don't feel bad about not being Sekani. He pees himself when he gets scared, and gets stuck in windows due to his huge butt. You only do one of those.
>>
No. 224325 ID: a594b9

>>224286
Actually you might want to let him keep the Lizard in case there's more guards he has to get away from later.
>>
No. 224335 ID: 6547ec

Whisper SECRET INSTRUCTIONS to Mister Lizard, then allow Deylin to take him.
>>
No. 224529 ID: 0dfb3c

Nah, keep the lizard. Dilia has to get back somehow.
>>
No. 224855 ID: 6547ec
File 128340595397.png - (67.12KB , 700x500 , 139.png )
224855

>>224335
"Okay, mister lizard. When the time is right, execute Order 66."

It doesn't seem to understand. Or perhaps it knows all too well the importance of keeping this plan secret.
>>
No. 224856 ID: 6547ec
File 128340597866.png - (106.61KB , 700x500 , 140.png )
224856

>>224303
"What makes you sure you can even get to the prime minister?" Shela asks.

"Don't worry about me. It's still early enough that most of the police don't know I have a warrent. Besides, I have a lot of friends on my side. They'll ensure I make it safely to him."

>>224325
>>224306
"All right. I guess you need this guy more than we do. Go ahead and take him."

"What, really? After what I did to you?"

"Yes, but Listen to me. This bird, and my daughter, are ki-jaara."

"We're also called majibeasts!" Sekani interrupts.

Shela explains to Deylin about majibeasts, majicka, and the goals of Zalika.

"I see," he says after a moment. "I don't fully understand, but you have my word. I will do everything I can to help you guys out."

He nods at them, then quickly remounts the lizard and rides off.
>>
No. 224857 ID: 6547ec
File 128340599885.png - (86.33KB , 700x500 , 141.png )
224857

>>224529
Shela discovers a slight problem with what she just did.

>Jiniki, ask Sekani why he isn't wearing his awesome pants.
"Where are your pants, mister birdie? You seemed super happy to get them!"

"They're being washed. A clean bird is a happy bird~"

>Oh, and don't feel bad about not being Sekani. He pees himself when he gets scared, and gets stuck in windows due to his huge butt. You only do one of those.
Ha, ha. Shela's heard enough about her well-endowed abdomen for one day.

"So, bird." Shela says.

"Sekani." He corrects.

"Sekani. Would you mind accompanying Dilia back home? She's going to need some extra supplies anyway and you'll be in a position to call for some."

"I dunno," Dilia says. "That might be...awkward."

"Why?" Shela asks.

"Well, we were... I mean, I..."

"Don't worry, it'll be fun~" Sekani says cheerfully.

"Um... All right," Dilia replies shyly.
>>
No. 224858 ID: 6547ec
File 128340601475.png - (89.80KB , 700x500 , 142.png )
224858

Shela heads back to deal with the guards.

"Just what were you trying to do!?" the skinnier male asks. "Don't think we'll let you get away with this just because we're unarmed!"

"I dunno," the larger male says. "That weird insect took our guns with its mind, and that bird caught fire. I don't think we're paid enough for this."

"Don't be such a wimp! We can take them!"

"I'm pretty sure we can't."

It would be incredibly easy to overpower the guards, but Shela would prefer a more...diplomatic resolution to this.
>>
No. 224859 ID: 6547ec

Shela: Offer to return their weapons.
Jiniki: Crush the more fragile bits of this gun. Throw the remains back.
Shela: Ask if they're sure there's no peaceful way around this.
>>
No. 224951 ID: d8aa80

Laugh maniacally and DESTROY THEM!

Oh wait, no, that's a terrible idea. You really don't have a good excuse. Take the darts out of the guns and then return them. Explain that you understand you broke their law but that you did what you felt was necessary under the circumstances. They did just fire at your bird for basically no raisin.
>>
No. 224952 ID: d677cc

>>224858
How about, uh...

"Okay we're gonna give you your guns back, and then we're gonna, um, go, and none of us will ever mention this again."

Or something.
>>
No. 224960 ID: a594b9

>>224951
Yes, they attacked us first. Why did they even do that? It's like they knew we were coming and then decided to open fire without trying to talk to us.
>>
No. 225027 ID: 9bd27f

>>224951

This. Also, make a slight show of reassuring Jiniki. Let the Big Tough Guy know that he's threatening a mother and daughter.

And if that fails, have Jiniki pants them or something. Diubans get all weird about nudity, and they probably won't want to fight. Plus, by that point, the truth of what happened may be sufficiently embarrassing for them to keep the story to themselves... or at least embellish to the point where it would be easy to disprove.
>>
No. 225491 ID: 6547ec
File 128356296421.png - (89.19KB , 700x500 , 143.png )
225491

>>224960
"Excuse me, but you attacked us first." Shela says.

"What? That weird mutant Tezakian flew at us at insane speed! We weren't sure he wasn't hostile!"

"You still shot at him," Shela replies.

"Come on, be fair. We were using tranq darts. They would have just made him fall asleep."

"And we simply removed your weapons so you'd stop shooting at us. You'll notice you're all unharmed. You'll also notice we're not moving to attack you."
>>
No. 225493 ID: 6547ec
File 128356301864.png - (95.59KB , 700x500 , 144.png )
225493

>>225027
"I'm just a mother who's traveling with her daughter. I didn't want to get caught up in all of this."

The female objects. "But you let Minister Seneiri get past us! You were clearly helping him."

"I had no choice. He stole something precious and I had to get it back. He...took off immediately after, and we lost track of him before we could stop him."

>>224952
Shela continues, "We'll return your guns. We just want to continue our journey and we'll leave you be."

The thinner male speaks up. "We can't just let you go!"

"I think we should," the larger male responds. "This isn't worth losing our lives over."

They argue for a few minutes, but eventually decide that they'll let Shela and her gang go with a warning.

"Um, do I give these back now, mommy?"

"Yes..."

>>224951
"...But take the darts out first just in case."

"Okay~"
>>
No. 225496 ID: 6547ec
File 128356326381.png - (135.27KB , 700x500 , 145.png )
225496

"Well, I guess this is where we part ways," Shela says.

"You know..." Sekani smiles a bit. "You can come back with us if you want."

"I couldn't. All I've done is cause you guys pain and sadness. The only way to make things better is to disappear and help people under a new identity."

"I think you're wrong," Sekani says. "You helped an entire camp of Tezakians avoid marching to their doom. You sent them to us, doubling our numbers. You've already helped us a lot."

"They gave me a second chance," Dilia adds. "I think they'd be willing to give you a second chance, too. You want to start a new life, and that's kind of what we're doing, too."

When everyone decided to turn that place into their base of operations, shela assumed her presence would only create animosity. Was she wrong? Is Zalika really the best place for her to be? What about her daughter?

"J-Jini, what do you think?" She finally asks.

"Um, I really want to be with my new friends cause they make me happy, but we walked a super long time to get over here and our home might be dusty um but um this is kind of hard so I'll just go where you go."

Shela wanted to start a new life with Jiniki, to have her be around her own people, to make friends and be happy. She also wanted to be away from that facility. There are so many painful memories there.

She couldn't possibly go back...could she?
>>
No. 225505 ID: ea2a3c

Sure you can go back. After you return to your homeland. Not only to find your people and let Jiniki meet others of her own kind, but my gut feeling is that something going on up there that you want to know about. Tell him this is something you must do, but ask him if you'll still be welcome should the opportunity come in the future for you to return to Zalika?
>>
No. 225660 ID: 43f616

>>225496

You've spent so much time worrying about being accepted yourself that you've forgotten one of the most important things: these people both love and accept Jiniki for who she is. What will happen if you walk into kliss-khar territory with Jiniki? So far you've been able to explain things away because you've come across individuals who don't know a lot about your species. Jiniki will instantly be spotted as some kind of mutant when you rejoin with your own people.

One thing to wonder is... do you remember what you told your nation's scientists back when you tried to send them that Majicka data? What will happen if they find out you've brought a live magicka user with you? Do you even know anything about the current government or politics of your nation? The current Queen, if there is even one there? And what would happen if someone figured out who you were? Would the new rulers take kindly to the old queen suddenly returning?

Jiniki should go back with her friends. You know this. She won't fit in with normal bug people.

The truth is, you took Jiniki away because *you* felt like you wouldn't be happy there. You felt uncomfortable and you wanted to be around your own people, because they'd sure make you feel better than hanging around all the people you hurt. Then you projected those desires onto your daughter - assuming that she needs to go back to her people to live a full life. That's what *you* want. That's not what she wants. She wants to go back. She just loves you too much to ask you to do what she wants in this case.

DO THE RIGHT THING.

Besides, even though that Sekani is a goody two-shoes, his almost single-minded and naive drive to "do the right thing" is a good role model for Jiniki. And it's kinda hot.

...

JUST KIDDING. ;D

...

But really, maybe he likes big abdomens...
>>
No. 225671 ID: 1a99f0

>>225496
Well, it would be a shame to just turn around now after having come so far out, so at least go see the state of things, but keep in mind that you have allies in Zalika, and that Jiniki's own people is ki-jaara as much as klis-khar now.

Those guys are real good with second chances, too. Dilia tried to kill Amiel more than once, and now they get along very well. Very, very well.
>>
No. 225711 ID: 9bd27f

>>225660

Oh yeah, the rest of the Klis-khar are probably still gung-ho about Majicka.

>>225496

Don't go back to your lands until you know what kind of reception you'd get. Seriously, your kind have like zero empathy. Dead babies in jars and the like. Even if they don't do anything to Jiniki, the response of at least some of them would likely be to reclaim the facility, and the research.

Before that happens, you need more people there to defend the place if necessary.

On the other hand, if you're at the facility, you'll be tempted to juice up on fresh, delicious Majicka again. That sweet, sweet power - you could practically do anything, just by thinking it. Honestly, who would mess with you or your daughter when STOP THAT! STOP THINKING ABOUT MAJICKA RIGHT NOW!

Honestly, what's the matter with you? Bad Shela. Bad.
>>
No. 225866 ID: 3e83e6

>>225496
You could go back. You know they'll let you return any time. But first, you need to see. You need to know what's happened to your homeland. And you should probably try and find out what happened with that semi-mysterious majicka-research communication that was partially sent. They may have enough to start developing the program again.
>>
No. 226306 ID: 6547ec
File 128367490860.png - (44.26KB , 700x500 , 146.png )
226306

>>225505
"I really should see how our home is doing. A-and Jiniki should see her kind. Would I be welcome if we came back later?"

"Of course~" Sekani replies.

>>225866
Sekani-- was that his name? His offer caught her completely off-guard, but she has to find out what's going on with her people. If they've rediscovered majicka, things could be very bad.

Yes, going home is the best option.
>>
No. 226307 ID: 6547ec
File 128367492379.png - (48.29KB , 700x500 , 147.png )
226307

>>225671
After so many years, the ki-jaara have become more of a family than her own people ever were. She doesn't even remember her late king's face anymore.

Jiniki deserves to see her own kind, but maybe...

>You've spent so much time worrying about being accepted yourself that you've forgotten one of the most important things: these people both love and accept Jiniki for who she is. What will happen if you walk into kliss-khar territory with Jiniki? So far you've been able to explain things away because you've come across individuals who don't know a lot about your species. Jiniki will instantly be spotted as some kind of mutant when you rejoin with your own people.

N-no. Shela can hide Jiniki. Just... Just like back then. It'll...work out. Somehow.
>>
No. 226308 ID: 6547ec
File 128367494621.png - (109.72KB , 700x500 , 148.png )
226308

>One thing to wonder is... do you remember what you told your nation's scientists back when you tried to send them that Majicka data? What will happen if they find out you've brought a live magicka user with you? Do you even know anything about the current government or politics of your nation? The current Queen, if there is even one there? And what would happen if someone figured out who you were? Would the new rulers take kindly to the old queen suddenly returning?

Nobody would recognize her. They could just stay in hiding. They wouldn't see Jiniki's majicka. They...she could...

>Jiniki should go back with her friends. You know this. She won't fit in with normal bug people.

Shela just...
>>
No. 226309 ID: 6547ec
File 128367496455.png - (112.36KB , 700x500 , 149.png )
226309

>The truth is, you took Jiniki away because *you* felt like you wouldn't be happy there. You felt uncomfortable and you wanted to be around your own people, because they'd sure make you feel better than hanging around all the people you hurt. Then you projected those desires onto your daughter - assuming that she needs to go back to her people to live a full life. That's what *you* want. That's not what she wants. She wants to go back. She just loves you too much to ask you to do what she wants in this case.

...She just wants her family back.
>>
No. 226310 ID: 6547ec
File 128367499042.png - (83.45KB , 700x500 , 150.png )
226310

"Jiniki, go ahead and return to Zalika with the others."

"What?

"I need to see what's become of our homeland, but I can't bring you with me. It was selfish of me to think I could."

"What? No! I want to come so it's not selfish at all!"

"You'd only be in danger. If they saw your majicka and captured you, I wouldn't know what I'd do."

"I-I'll be fine! I'm a ninja!"

"I wanted you to be around your own kind, to feel normal and accepted, but you already are. The people at Zalika love you. They are your family as much as I am."

"But-- But I want you, too!"

"Don't worry. I'll come back. I promise. Then we can all live together."

"But I don't want you to go."
>>
No. 226311 ID: 6547ec
File 12836750083.png - (114.12KB , 700x500 , 151.png )
226311

Jiniki buries her head in Shela's thorax.

"It's only for a little while, I promise," Shela says, her voice cracking a little. "Once I come back I swear I'll never leave you again."

Jiniki doesn't say anything as they embrace each other. Shela had only just gotten her daughter back, and having to leave her so soon is incredibly painful. But if the Klis-khar have majicka, they could be a threat to the entire world. She has to find out for sure.
>>
No. 226312 ID: 6547ec
File 128367502495.png - (128.17KB , 700x500 , 152.png )
226312

Sekani and Dilia let them hug silently until finally Shela manages to let Jiniki go.

"I'll see you soon, Jini. I promise," Shela says. "I love you so very much."

"I love you to. Please come back soon okay and then we can all be a super happy family together."

"Yeah."

Jiniki and the others begin walking off. Shela has taken enough supplies to make it the rest of the way, while they'll call in for additional food and water from Zalika.

The hardest part of the journey is now over.
>>
No. 226313 ID: 6547ec
File 128367503933.png - (63.66KB , 700x500 , 153.png )
226313

Jiniki is the only thing Shela has left in the world. Even if it's just for a while, she's completely alone now. This realization is almost too much to bear.

And yet, the hole in her heart actually feels a little smaller now. She dares to hope that the others could forgive her, maybe even accept her as part of their family.

Even the gods who had forsaken her all these years seemed to be pointing her forward, telling her everything will be fine.
>>
No. 226314 ID: 6547ec
File 128367506540.png - (64.73KB , 700x500 , 154.png )
226314

Maybe she's not so alone after all.

In the end, Sekani and the gods not only saved her from majicka, they gave her a reason to live.
>>
No. 226315 ID: 6547ec
File 128367508011.png - (72.31KB , 700x500 , 155.png )
226315

...Thank you.
>>
No. 226316 ID: 0b2a05

You're welcome, Shela.
>>
No. 226320 ID: 97cb33

so sad and heartwarming at the same time!
>>
No. 226741 ID: 2850da

GOOD LUCK, SHELA! :D

And hey, the gods liked you enough that you even got your name in the quest title in the end. Yay!

Let's just hope DAT ABDOMEN is enough to get you through Klis-Khar territory. ;3

Also, OMG THE FIRST QUEST I'VE BEEN IN THAT'S COMPLETED WOOOOOOOOOO. I feel like my cherry's been popped. Thanks Slinko, you perv. :C
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password