[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 237909)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39865 unique user posts. View catalog

File 12861449516.png - (111.05KB , 1000x750 , 406.png )
237909 No. 237909 ID: 6550ad

[ First thread: http://www.tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/193207.html ]
[ Second thread: http://quest.lv/kusaba/questarch/res/209309.html ]
[Third thread: http://www.tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/223620.html ]
[ Discussion thread: http://www.tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/328741.html ]
Expand all images
>>
No. 237910 ID: 6550ad
File 128614501939.png - (180.48KB , 1000x750 , 407.png )
237910

Tiak finds himself sitting on an uncomfortable chair, facing the Colonel's blankly stare. In the last half an hour he's been taken to the Colonel's cabin and stripped of anything he had. The MSF officer has been examining all his possessions for what felt like an eternity, not speaking a single word.

He took a brief look to Tiak's PDA, but he hasn't yet read its contents.

Tiak hasn't produced a sound during all this time either, intimidated by the cold, threatening stare of the Colonel. Finally, the tall maurian decides to talk.

>I hope you appreciate the fact that you aren't tied to the chair, Belint. Even when I feel no reason to trust you, you're still part of the Maurian Security Forces, and under my direct command. So I will give you that benefit. But if you don't tell me what I want to know, I won't doubt in getting my hands dirty to get the answers. You wouldn't like that, I'm sure.

>So let's start with something easy. Someone shot into the Captain's office to scare him off, you took the opportunity to get in and steal documents and the password for the Archives from the desk. Why did you do it? And who helped you, who caused the diversion?
>>
No. 237920 ID: 660aa0

"i did it to get information, the kind everyone on this ship seems to not want me to know, the kind people are getting killed over. as for who helped me i am not sure, i just said, loudly, in the middle of the hall 'it sure would be great if the captain left his office for some reason' maybe not that exactly but you get what i mean"
>>
No. 237938 ID: 701a19

>>237910
"I was investigating the bar fight when the captain ran screaming. I don't know who fired the shots, but I wasn't going to pass that chance up. I'm not going to question providence; doubly so when providence has been some person dropping helpful nudges along my path.
I know at least two people on this ship are guilty of high treason. I can't even be sure if you are who you claim to be.

I know that Mikos bribed people at the loading docks to smuggle aboard enough explosives to scuttle the ship, and I know he wasn't working alone. I stole the archives password so I could check for irregularities that could give me a clue as to who was helping him.

As far as the documents, well... do you know what they were?"
>>
No. 237939 ID: f4963f

Alright. The Colonel obviously knows we're interested in the archives, and we do no good pretending we didn't have interest.

Tell him that we broke into the captain's office because we were interested in access to the Crew Registry. Nyria told us that the registry contained information critical to figuring out who was behind the murders, and we were intent on following the spirit of our job.

I'm stuck on what we can say about the attack on the captain, though.
>>
No. 237941 ID: a594b9

>>237910
We did it to get the password. The documents were a target of opportunity. We'd rather not say who helped us, as we had to bribe them, so we're really to blame.

If he presses us, we may as well tell him it was Zeno.
>>
No. 237947 ID: d677cc

>>237910
I guess for the first question that you were told that the crew log files contain information that could be helpful to the murders and had an opportunity to get access finally, and found the documents while you were getting the password.

And seriously has he looked at those documents? Could he maybe understand why we were interested in them?

Or something. I don't know what we should or shouldn't say, but apparently we've already made up our mind to say it.
>>
No. 237951 ID: 0b2a05

Say that everything has gone to hell, and things are getting ruined and destroyed, and people are getting murdered. You weren't going to let them destroy any more.
>>
No. 237959 ID: 2563d4

>>237941
This.
>>
No. 238064 ID: d677cc

>>237941
I guess this.
>>
No. 238136 ID: 6550ad
File 128617961560.png - (149.43KB , 1000x750 , 408.png )
238136

I did it to get the password, the documents were a target of opportunity. And I wanted to see the archives because they might contain information that could help me solve the murders.

>And who helped you?

I'd rather not say.

>We can do this the hard way if that's what you want. I'm not getting out of this room until I get answers.

The colonel looks dead serious. He doesn't look the kind of man that likes to bluff.

Well, I guess I tell you now. It was Zeno. But I bribed him to do it, so it's all my fault.

>Interesting... now tell me. Have you been working for the Ziranée in this ship? And what do you know about R. Mikos and his death?
>>
No. 238138 ID: d677cc

>>238136
Okay, I'll try this again. Can we please use the dis thread to work out what to say before we say it?
>>
No. 238142 ID: 701a19

>>238136
"No, I have not been working for the Ziranee and I resent the implication. My involvement with them is the same as my involvement with everybody else on the ship; if they can help me keep people from dying, then I'll use them towards that end. They're no less suspect than anybody else.

As far as R. Mikos goes?
I know that he was a member of a radical regressionist group that violently opposes both technology and our treaty with the Ziranee.
I know that he bribed dock workers to smuggle a large crate of explosives on board.
I know that he feared Ambassador Zira was plotting to assassinate him.
I know that he was shot in the cargo bay in front of the container which contained the sentient green ooze.
I know that somebody then moved him, presumably wounded but alive, to the elevator room and proceeded to doctor the body.
I know that whoever did it is familiar enough with the ship's design to know which walls can take H.E.R. fire without being compromised.

That last tidbit alone, incidentally, leaves the prime suspects as Mongro, Trake, the captain, and yourself. I think you can understand why I'm not taking things at face value.
Tell me, did you know what those documents were?"
>>
No. 238144 ID: a594b9

>>238142
Note: if the body was doctored, where'd the bullet holes go? I suspect that corpse was someone else entirely.
>>
No. 238145 ID: 732129

>>238142

Don't forget to mention that you got medical help from the Ziranee at one point. The Captain already knows about that, and the Colonel probably will know from him.
>>
No. 238166 ID: 6550ad
File 128618780468.png - (147.43KB , 1000x750 , 409.png )
238166

No, I haven't been working by them. My only implication with them is the same I have with any other person in this ship: if they can help me keep people from dying, then I'll use them towards that end.

The colonel doesn't say a word and just keeps staring at Tiak, who proceeds to tell him everything he knows about Mikos and his demise.

...take H.E.R. fire without being compromised. So as you can see, that leaves the prime suspects as Mongro, Trake, the captain, and yourself. I think you can understand why I'm not taking things at face value.

>Hmm... I think you're forgetting about a suspect.

Who?
>Why, yourself, Tiak Belint, who else? The man with access to the entire ship, able to sabotage the mainframe and smuggle weapons inside as the security officer. The person that has been seen multiple times getting into restricted areas and personal rooms. I've been asking questions around, and see, it seems that you don't have an alibi for any of the murders.

>Yeah, I know what are you going to say "I didn't do it, the man in the Hazmat suit stole my card". Yes, the man in the Hazmat suit that nobody else in the ship has seen. How convenient.

You can't be serious! I didn't even know Mikos before this flight, why would I kill him!?

>That's what I'm going to find out. You had the weapon, and the opportunity. I only need to find a motive to charge you for treason and murder.
>>
No. 238167 ID: e31d52

Except he will never find one.
>>
No. 238168 ID: b5448b

oh, so both security officers suspect each other, great.
>>
No. 238171 ID: c6fa0a

>>238166
"Actually, I do."

"Right before the first decapitated body identified as Mikos appeared, I was trying to find engineering staff to see what happened to the ship. I encountered Zira Niadar in Engineering, who freaked out and ran away from me. When I found her again, we returned to the elevators, only to find the dead Mikos. If I'd have shot Mikos there before I chased after Zira, she would have heard it. So I didn't kill Mikos."

"Second, Trake was probably dead before I even had access to Zero Deck - I had to ask the captain for a key to get there in the first place. The doctor can probably confirm this if he can determine time of death."

"Third, I've almost died on numerous occasions. I was almost killed in the elevator, I was almost killed in Security by a bomb probably meant for Zira, I was almost killed in Engineering by a combat drone someone rigged up, and I was almost killed by someone shooting at me in Zero Deck right after I found Trake's corpse."

"While I named you as a potential suspect, so far you've had me in a number of situations where you COULD have killed but have not, which means you're probably not the asshole that's tried to kill me at least twice. So for the moment I must trust you."

"That said, I would LOVE to help in the investigation of what's going on here, but I've been stonewalled by everyone. If you're going to lock me up anyways, why don't you tell me what you know of this mission, and have us compare notes?"
>>
No. 238174 ID: 2563d4

>>238166
>You had the weapon
(Didn't we leave that where we found it under Zeno's bed?)

>>238171
I guess this.
>>
No. 238178 ID: c6fa0a

>>238174
Yes and no. The H.E.R. was just one of many murder weapons used.

Mikos #1 was (probably) killed in the cargo bay with a laser or plasma pistol / rifle.

Mikos #2 was (probably) killed in the lower deck by having his head vaped by an H.E.R.

Trake was fatally wounded by what were probably laser blasts. At some later point, his assailant (or a second assailant) decided to finish the job (or mutilate the corpse) with what was probably a Plasma Cutter stolen from our security room. We still don't know where his head is. D:

(Note that I separate Mikos 1 & 2 because I'm assuming they were separate people who just happened to share Mikos blood type and/or genetics)
>>
No. 238206 ID: d677cc

>>238171
This feels like the right idea?
>>
No. 238219 ID: 6550ad
File 128621224375.png - (134.27KB , 1000x750 , 410.png )
238219

"Actually, I do."

Right before the first decapitated body identified as Mikos appeared, I was trying to find engineering staff to see what happened to the ship. I encountered Zira Niadar in Engineering, who freaked out and ran away from me. When I found her again, we returned to the elevators, only to find the dead Mikos. If I'd have shot Mikos there before I chased after Zira, she would have heard it. So I didn't kill Mikos.

>Interesting story, but nobody saw you or knows where were you before encountering Ambassador Niadar, you had all the time to sabotage the engines and kill Mikos before looking for the closest alive person you could find to give you an alibi. And you knew that the noise of the Hyperjump motors in Engineering would suffocate the sound of the H.E.R.

Second, Trake was probably dead before I even had access to Zero Deck - I had to ask the captain for a key to get there in the first place. The doctor can probably confirm this if he can determine time of death.

>I'll be sure to ask him about that.

Third, I've almost died on numerous occasions. I was almost killed in the elevator, I was almost killed in Security by a bomb probably meant for Zira, I was almost killed in Engineering by a combat drone someone rigged up, and I was almost killed by someone shooting at me in Zero Deck right after I found Trake's corpse.

While I named you as a potential suspect, so far you've had me in a number of situations where you COULD have killed but have not, which means you're probably not the asshole that's tried to kill me at least twice. So for the moment I must trust you

>I'm moved by your honest trust. But now that you mention it, isn't it curious how many times you've been supposedly attacked, and yet you always manage to survive and only come out with superficial injuries that wouldn't stop you from roaming freely around the ship?

Oh, come on! I got my leg broken, and I got my shoulder shot! Are you telling me that I did that to myself?

>I've known of people sawing off their own limbs to avoid a death sentence, it wouldn't be such an oddity.

>But I've had enough. If you really are so convinced of your innocence, then wait for the martial court when we get to Tinosa II. I'm going to ask Mongro to fix the force field in the brig so you can spend there the rest of the flight. Meanwhile, I'll seal this door. Try to behave like an innocent man, Belint. Don't do anything stupid.

Said this, the Colonel takes all of Tiak's possessions and leaves the room.
>>
No. 238221 ID: b5448b

engage ultra looting mode. open everything and look everywhere, under the bed, in the closest, in the pod, and in the bathroom.
>>
No. 238222 ID: d677cc

>>238219
Well.

Now what?
>>
No. 238227 ID: 436047

>>238219
Finally. God.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we're in room 3. Lets see what we can find. Search cryopod, bed, under bed, closet, any gum under the table, and the wash room.

Also, lets have a vent shaft adventure!
>>
No. 238241 ID: 2563d4

>>238222
Well, we could sit quietly in the cabin, and hope that nobody succeeds in blowing up the ship before it arrives, nobody lobs that missing suffication grenade in here, and that Maurian trials are fair and competent.

But since that's kind of boring loot the heck out of everything and see if we can get that grill cover open.
>>
No. 238244 ID: 701a19

>>238219
So, this guy can seal doors, and your door was sealed when you woke up...

It's probably for the best that nobody mentioned the janitor witnessed Mikos murder.

Lets see, Alibis... The computer keeps records of who is and is not in cryo. Once that's repaired those logs will be accessible, and the fact that Tiak was in cryo will be absolute proof that he couldn't have sabotaged the mainframe.

In other news:
We need to warn Zira, as the chances of this guy attempting to kill her are significant.

If you find a way to get out of the room then it means this guy was intending for you to leave for his own nefarious purposes, such as legitimizing your arrest. At that point you might be best off finding a way to capture this so-called Colonel. Jacking the H.E.R. in Zeno's room and using it for an intimidation tactic would do it, although then you're going to have a LOT more questions once you get into port.
You'd also have to arrest the captain and the doctor and toss them all in the brig.
And, of course, telling them about the captain's gambling debts and resulting treason once they're safely behind the brig's forcefield.
Then you'd have to go around and intimidating information out of the people who we know are guilty parties and forcing them to unfuck the fuckery they did to the ship.
This shall be known as "Plan Wulfenbach".
>>
No. 238253 ID: d677cc

>>238227
VENT SHAFTS.
>>
No. 238258 ID: a594b9

Inspect the cabinet, and check under the bed.
>>
No. 238278 ID: e40e60

>>238244
This is awesome.
>>
No. 238286 ID: 6550ad
File 128622281345.png - (126.81KB , 1000x750 , 411.png )
238286

Tiak starts inspecting the room. The cabinet is empty, except for a single hanger. There's nothing under the table nor the chair, but there are two nails under the bed.

He looks inside the bathroom too. A shower, a toilet, and a roll of toilet paper.

The ventilation shaft catches his attention, but it's too high to reach it.
>>
No. 238290 ID: 701a19

>>238286
Use the hanger to pull out the vent cover, then hide in the cryopod.
>>
No. 238291 ID: 2563d4

>>238286
Turn the shower on to mask noise. Move the table under the vent.
>>
No. 238293 ID: a9bea6

drag the cabinet over to the vent, if that is too heavy then use the bed frame. take the mattress off of it and lean it against wall under the vent, then climb it. take the hanger and nails too. we need SOMETHING in our inventory.
>>
No. 238295 ID: 436047

>>238286
Pocket the nails and the cloth-hanger. Can you open the shower drain? There may be hidden goodies inside.

Move the cabinet to below the vent. Move table next to the cabinet. Voila, you can now reach the vent.
>>
No. 238296 ID: a594b9

Check in the cryo-pod.
>>
No. 238298 ID: a594b9

...also stop stealing everything that's not nailed down jesus christ
>>
No. 238324 ID: e40e60

Do this:
>>238295
Then this:
>>238291


>>238298
But we usually end up needing that stuff!
>>
No. 238454 ID: 6550ad
File 128623562342.png - (155.00KB , 1000x750 , 412.png )
238454

Tiak checks inside the Cryo-pod: It's empty.

Then he turns on the shower, hoping to suffocate any sounds from inside the room. He pockets the nails and the hanger.

With the help of the desk and the cabinet, Tiak manages to reach the vent, which he pries open with the help of the hanger. The ventilation tunnels seem to be wide enough for Tiak to crawl in.

There are two visible exits. He can turn to the left, and follow the tunnel forward, or to his right, which seems to go in the opposite direction.
>>
No. 238455 ID: 701a19

>>238454
My plan was to fake an escape attempt, but if you insist on going through with it then go left due to I have no idea which direction goes where.
>>
No. 238456 ID: a594b9

>>238454
Go left!
>>
No. 238457 ID: 436047

>>238454
Backwards, I bet it leads to the girls rooms~
>>
No. 238459 ID: 2563d4

>>238455
It might work, but I don't know what it would gain us.

>>238454
Given the orientation of the rooms, I think right will be back toward security; left will be toward the lift. (This is making a lot of assumptions, natch.) So right. (This may also pass over Zira's room if people want to do that.)
>>
No. 238464 ID: 701a19

>>238459
Right, then. We need to warn Zira about this.
>>
No. 238468 ID: 2563d4

>>238459
(The assumptions in question: >>/questdis/334173 )
>>
No. 238470 ID: 609518

Stay in the room.

Barricade the door.
Barricade the vent.

Assume you are the only innocent man aboard the ship.

Stay inside the room until convinced you're not about to be offed.
>>
No. 238499 ID: 6550ad
File 128624178277.png - (70.62KB , 1000x750 , 413.png )
238499

Tiak takes the tunnel to his right. He makes another turn and some more crawling later, he finds another grate to the side, while the conduct keeps going forward.

Tiak looks down through the opening. There's another room down there, but it's in absolute darkness, it's hard to make anything out.
>>
No. 238501 ID: 2563d4

>>238499
>He makes another turn
The direction in which you turned would have been helpful, Tiak.

Well, it's someone's quarters. And it doesn't look like a snake one from the decor. How quietly can you budge the grate?
>>
No. 238507 ID: e40e60

>>238454
If we're on that unmarked room in the middle deck, the path to the left will take us to Zira. Right now, she's our best chance for replacing our lost weaponry (and keys, and tools, and everything else of any use...).
>>
No. 238512 ID: 701a19

>>238501
Don't touch the grate. Instead, check how far into the room you can see.

Also, how much dust is there in the vent? Are you leaving a trail?
>>
No. 238683 ID: 74991e

Lets stay in the vent system for a bit longer. Lets keep going to the next room.
>>
No. 238685 ID: c5628c

Also, make sure you're not making alot of noise when moving around.
>>
No. 238708 ID: 6550ad
File 128626528015.png - (57.87KB , 1000x750 , 414.png )
238708

Tiak can feel a lot of dust under his fingers, so he guesses that he's leaving a trail. Not that he's able to see it in the dark, though. The grate feels perfectly clean, though.

He's not sure if he would be able to push open the grate quietly, because he would have to pry it open with the hanger, just like he did in the other room.

Tiak tries to see further into the room, but it's almost pitch black. After a bit of concentration he's able to catch a familiar smell, though. Zira. This is probably Zira's room. Or at least she's been here long enough to leaver her scent.

He could try to get in, or continue going down the vent.
>>
No. 238709 ID: 701a19

>>238708
Call out for her and hope she's there.

Who else is on this side? Isn't Miko's room next?
>>
No. 238711 ID: 74991e

>>238708
Forget it. Keep going. I wanna see whether this duct leads to somewhere around Security.
>>
No. 238716 ID: 37f60a

>>238711
yeah seriously you just look like a creepy stalker if you do that. try and find your way back to security and knock the colonel's ass out. fucking vigilante time up in this shit. we got killers on the loose, mass conspiracy about and no one is to be trusted.
LOCK.
UP.
EVERYONE.
>>
No. 238747 ID: 2563d4

>>238708
Keep moving. If Zira was in her darkened room you'd probably be able to see at least a little glow from her face.
>>
No. 238756 ID: 6550ad
File 128628901792.png - (186.92KB , 1000x750 , 415.png )
238756

Tiak keeps crawling through the ventilation tubes, until he finds another grate. There's light coming from this one.

A quick glance reveals that the room belongs to Yery. The chemistry student seems to have fallen asleep while reading a book.
>>
No. 238757 ID: e31d52

>>238756
Hm. Maybe we could explain the situation... naaaah. moving on.

==>

Also how in the world are you not clanging up a storm there.
>>
No. 238758 ID: 74991e

>>238756
Can you see down her shirt from this angle? We have no business with her. Keep going.
>>
No. 238761 ID: 2563d4

Given >>/questdis/334208 , proceed forth cautiously.
>>
No. 238789 ID: e40e60

>>238756
See if you can keep going.

>>238757
He's supported by the walls.
>>
No. 238794 ID: 6550ad
File 128630685963.png - (120.78KB , 1000x750 , 416.png )
238794

Tiak keeps following the tunnel, and even when it continues, he finds another window. This one looks into Security.

The Colonel is inside, and there's a backpack at his feet. He doesn't seem too happy (what a surprise) and it's muttering in low voice, annoyed.

>Goddamn Sinarri... How much time does he need to go for some tools...?
>>
No. 238799 ID: 74991e

>>238794
Wait and watch.
>>
No. 238802 ID: 2563d4

>>238794
Ok, so he is getting Mongro to fix the brig. Lord knows what Mongro's up to (trying to find his briefcase weapon? just being slow?), but we may not have much time to find somewhere better to hide, and it doesn't look like we're getting our stuff back yet.

Backtrack to Zira's vent (and eventually, hopefully, the liftshaft).
>>
No. 238857 ID: a594b9

Wait and watch. If he leaves the room and the backpack is undefended, we can get our stuff back.
>>
No. 238941 ID: 6550ad
File 128632212891.png - (134.68KB , 1000x750 , 417.png )
238941

Tiak waits in the vent for anything to happen. And after a few minutes, Mongro appears through the door. The Colonel exclaims:

>Finally! I was starting to think that I was going to have to fix it myself with my bare hands!

"Sorry, someone has been misplacing or stealing tools. I have barely enough to do the job.

>Sure, sure, save the excuses for later, just do the job before that Belint finds a way to get out of the room.

Mongro enters the brig, and a few seconds after, Tiak can hear the loud sound of heavy working, metal hitting metal, electric fizzling, etc.

The colonel moves to the door to supervise the job, giving his back to the security room and the backpack.
>>
No. 238945 ID: 2563d4

>>238941
No. There is no way you're stealthy enough to open the vent, grab that, and get back into the vent.

Barring anything cleverer, time to backtrack. (As a bonus, we'll end up leaving a dust trail that goes both ways from our room vent.)
>>
No. 238946 ID: fd6d7e

>>238941

The loud sounds should cover the noise of you prying open the grate. Be careful though, and train a pistol on the colonel as soon as you have one.
>>
No. 238948 ID: 127c1a

yeah no, not distracted enough. we have no hope of getting over there grabbing it and getting back without him noticing...
seal them in the room. get out of the vent somewhere and open your electrical panel from the outside and rip out the wires.
>>
No. 238949 ID: d677cc

>>238945
Yeah, I'm sorry, but much as I'd love the backpack, there is no way you're coming up with the damn thing with your luck.
>>
No. 238961 ID: 0b2a05

Don't even think about it, pal.

In fact, back up in the vent so it'll be harder to spot you!
>>
No. 238962 ID: a594b9

Hmm. Sealing them in the room may be a good idea... but only to force the Colonel to read the damn PDA.

Let's backtrack, and get out via Zira's room... making sure we alert her that it's us, first.
>>
No. 238970 ID: f4963f

>>238962
Getting out in Zira's room sounds good. The noise from the work should flush out any sound from that far away.

After that, though... Jeez, I'm stuck.
>>
No. 238975 ID: 2563d4

>>238970
(So don't get out of the vent system and limit our options yet! Getting back in from another room would probably be hassle again.)
>>
No. 238992 ID: c6fa0a

>>238941
+1 to IGNORE TEMPTING BACKPACK.

I suggest you get OUT of the vents in ANOTHER ROOM. Either forwards or backwards; whatever is easier and faster.

Afterwards... consider hurrying to the Engineering area and reading the rest of those files, especially the MISC section and whatever other info you can get on the CREW/PASSENGERS. I'm guessing no one's changed the password yet. Perhaps you can find out if people aren't who they're supposed to be...
>>
No. 238999 ID: e043a1

You know, if we get out of the vent in another room then we'll just have to exit the room into the hallway that the Colonel watching right now. We have a better chance of retrieving the stun gun from the backpack and using it on the Colonel. After Mongro fixes the brig, we can put the colonel and everyone else in there in true SS13 fashion (ok, at least just the colonel).

Think of it this way, once the colonel finds out we escaped we've got a one way trip to a firing squad. We aren't going to get into MORE trouble for locking him in the brig.
>>
No. 239017 ID: e40e60

>>238999
This is... actually a good point. I say we go with this.
>>
No. 239021 ID: c6fa0a

>>238999
The colonel isn't watching the hallway; he's watching Mongro do work on the Brig, in what is essentially a "closet" room connected to the Security room.

The Colonel may be against us at the moment, but he's also one of the few people we can be relatively sure wasn't trying to kill us on this ship. I don't think we want to start putting EVERYONE in the brig.

We only really have a few options when it comes to the colonel... confront, avoid, or attempt to convince him to be on our side. If we get enough evidence to clear ourselves or at least implicate someone else, we can hopefully convince him. If not... we can't run forever, either. Putting him in the brig might be our only option, but it's one I don't want to use yet.

I also worry that whoever initially screwed us over also has access to weaponry and our security card, and has proven that they can use the brig's force field. They could easily come in and murder anyone we stuck in there if they so desired, and that wouldn't do well for us at all.
>>
No. 239322 ID: 6550ad
File 128634802125.png - (51.76KB , 1000x750 , 418.png )
239322

Tiak backtracks to Zira's room and uses the hanger to pry open the vent shaft. It's completely dark in here, but it seems that Zira isn't in the room.

The noise over Security can be heard from here, so Tiak knows that Mongro and the Colonel are still distracted fixing the force field in the brig. He could jump down in this room if he wanted.
>>
No. 239338 ID: c6fa0a

>>239322
Hide vent-cover in vent if possible.

Call out "Hey, Zira, if you're in here, this is Tiak... I'm coming down now, so pretty please don't jump on me and stick a knife to my throat agaiiiiiin..."

Afterwards, carefully lower self into room. The vent is pretty high up so you don't want to hurt yourself.

Then, quickly and carefully check room for Zira if she's hiding. Quickly check bathroom, closet, pod, etc. If she's not there... quickly check her belongings for any WEAPONS or anything that would INCRIMINATE her in some CRIMES.
>>
No. 239344 ID: 701a19

>>239322
Say "Zira?" quietly. See if she responds.
>>
No. 239372 ID: c0444c

>>239338
Call for Zira, but don't come down yet.
>>
No. 239383 ID: 6550ad
File 128636897915.png - (52.29KB , 1000x750 , 419.png )
239383

Zira. Zira are you there? Zira!

There is no answer, the only sound that can be heard is the noise coming from the Brig.
>>
No. 239385 ID: 2563d4

>>239383
Right.

Well, we've got nothing to leave an unambiguous note. Put the vent cover back on and backtrack past your cell the other way. Walking down the corridor is stupid when we can crawl over two empty rooms and be sure not to be seen.
>>
No. 239386 ID: c6fa0a

>>239383

Continue with rest of >>239338, I guess. ;D
>>
No. 239387 ID: c0444c

>>239385
This.
>>
No. 239419 ID: 6550ad
File 128638299083.png - (131.39KB , 1000x750 , 420.png )
239419

Tiak puts the vent cover back into place and retreats back to the the Colonel's room, and continues in that direction.

It doesn't take long to get to Mikos' room. The vents also keep going forward.
>>
No. 239420 ID: c0444c

>>239419
Nothing to see here, move along.
>>
No. 239431 ID: 2563d4

>>239419
Ceiling Tiak is watching you commit crimes.

Onward. Should be the lift shaft, unless it loops around oddly. Watch your step.
>>
No. 239443 ID: c6fa0a

>>239420
>>239431

If you guys *seriously* want to spend more time just moving through the vents, go right ahead. But it's probably going to take a lot longer to go this way than just getting out of the vents, walking to the elevator, and using it - something that should be safe due to the Colonel being inside the Security office right now. Time is the one resource we have too little of.
>>
No. 239447 ID: 701a19

>>239443
Drop down.
Go into Zeno's room.
Take the H.E.R.
Fear no evil.
>>
No. 239461 ID: d677cc

>>239431
Supporting this.
>>
No. 239462 ID: a594b9

>>239447
We can't fire that anywhere but in engineering, fool. It's practically the most useless item in the ship.

Continue crawling in the vents. Knowing where they lead is very useful information; we should have it.
>>
No. 239475 ID: 6550ad
File 128639315823.png - (131.30KB , 1000x750 , 421.png )
239475

Tiak continues crawling forward. The shaft makes a U turn, and finally reaches another opening, now in front of the elevator. If tiak keeps following the vent, he'll probably end up visiting the other the rooms at the other side of the corridor.

Something has changed. The noise. Yeah, Tiak realizes that the noise coming from the Brig just stopped.
>>
No. 239477 ID: cde87e

>>239475
This is a good, high, point. Should we wait until Mr. Angry finds the room empty and see where he's heading, or do we go onwards to Queen's?
I think we should wait.
>>
No. 239489 ID: 2563d4

>>239475
Ooh. Evacuation Pods. What is the Emergency Protocol anyway; a big red "abandon ship" button on the bridge?

Well, we very likely don't want to proceed onward over the queen, since she heard us last time. Back away from the light and wait to see what the Colonel does when he finds his room empty. If he follows us in we might be able to give him the runaround.
>>
No. 239495 ID: a594b9

You know... I think for once we should act like an innocent man. Let's go back to the colonel's room and pretend like we weren't crawling around in the vents or anything.
>>
No. 239541 ID: 6550ad
File 128640329266.png - (129.12KB , 1000x750 , 422.png )
239541

Tiak just waits for now in the vent. He can hear footsteps down the corridor... and then the Colonel, furiously vociferating.

>Aargh, I knew it!

Sound of heavy, hasty footsteps, a door opening... Another irate interjection and the footsteps seem to go away from the elevator. Tiak thinks that the Colonel just checked Mikos' room. He wouldn't be surprised if the Colonel went into every cabin in the Deck, trying to him.

Tiak doesn't know if he should try to make a move or just wait for now.
>>
No. 239542 ID: d677cc

>>239541
I kinda want to say wait outside of the visible area of the vent. Just for fun.
>>
No. 239543 ID: 2563d4

>>239541
If he's still running between cabins, it's not safe to make an appearance anywhere.
>>
No. 239545 ID: e40e60

>>239542
YES
TROLL THE COLONEL
>>
No. 239546 ID: 69bee4

>>239545
nah, ultimate trolling, return to room, place everything back where it was, and wait patiently.
>>
No. 239547 ID: b52b45

tiak is a resourceful son of an ant. if he catches us now he will look in our inventory and see we escaped using a coat hanger and two nails.

anyway, keep crawl into the elevator shaft.
>>
No. 239548 ID: 1bcdd4

Nono. Go to the brig and LOCK YOURSELF IN! When he gets there, go 'What kept you?'
>>
No. 239550 ID: c6fa0a

>>239541

How about this:
1) Remove vent cover to make it look like we got out near the elevator and left this deck.
2) Backtrack to security.
3) Attempt to retrieve stuff from backpack.

Anyone else agree? :/
>>
No. 239552 ID: 2563d4

>>239548
...I suppose it at least has the advantage that we'd end up locked in there with our trusty coathanger!

>>239550
I guess.
>>
No. 239554 ID: d677cc

>>239550
Oh man I like that idea.
>>
No. 239563 ID: bd86c3

>>239550
yes, remove the cover and throw some dust out to add more to the illusion that we got out here.
>>
No. 239568 ID: 6550ad
File 128640980540.png - (144.70KB , 1000x750 , 423.png )
239568

Tiak pries out the cover of the vent and drops it to the floor. It makes quite the noise when it hits the ground, but the Colonel doesn't seem to have noticed it, as he doesn't come to investigate.

For the sound of it, he's arguing with a Ziranée. It could be Zeno or even the Queen, it's hard to tell from here.
>>
No. 239569 ID: 6550ad
File 128640983945.png - (119.51KB , 1000x750 , 424.png )
239569

Then Tiak retreats to the Security room. The colonel is still talking with the Ziranée in the corridor.

And when Tiak looks into Security... Well, it seems that Keranos isn't the only one interested in Tiak's belongings.
>>
No. 239571 ID: bd86c3

throw one nail at him.
>>
No. 239572 ID: 701a19

>>239569
See what he takes. This should be interesting.
>>
No. 239574 ID: 2563d4

>>239572
Yeah. But don't let him wander off with it and close the door behind him before the next update. :V
>>
No. 239575 ID: c6fa0a

>>239569

Agree on watch and wait. Mongro was semi-friendly to us before since we could do something for him. Now, we're in no position to bargain. He's also a possible suspect. See if he steals items. We can use this as a bargaining chip if the colonel catches us again.
>>
No. 239582 ID: d677cc

>>239574
Yes, this.
>>
No. 239788 ID: 6550ad
File 128643786012.png - (88.89KB , 1000x750 , 425.png )
239788

Tiak waits and keeps spying Mongro. The Sinarri seems to took two items from the backpack. The first one is too small for Tiak to distinguish from here, and Mongro keeps it in his clenched fist.

The second one is visible once the Sinarri turns around. It's the blue, unmarked key card Tiak found inside the suitcase with the laser weapon.
>>
No. 239790 ID: fd6d7e

>>239788

Why did we take that keycard anyway? The laser rifle I could understand, but the keycard? Weird...
>>
No. 239796 ID: 701a19

>>239788
The first item was the key. It's the only thing that could completely fit in his clenched fist. The only other objects even close to the right size are the note cards, and those he wouldn't be clenching.
Also, the key opens up his briefcase.

Keep waiting. We don't want him to know where Tiak is.
>>
No. 239841 ID: 2563d4

>>239790
Adventure game logic, probably. We wanted to rub it any and every slot we came across.

Hmm. Reclaiming the posessions we stole from him is hardly incriminating, even if having the assault rifle on board is. I'm not sure what we'd gain by getting his attention right now so stay put.
>>
No. 239842 ID: 6550ad
File 128646246421.png - (112.12KB , 1000x750 , 426.png )
239842

Tiak waits in the dark some more time, expectantly. The Sinarri pockets the card and the small object and closes the backpack again, but he hasn't even had time to put it in place again when the loud and enraged voice of the Colonel can be heard calling from the other side of the deck.

>Mongro! Bring me the backpack! And hurry, that slippery traitor took the elevator!

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming, I'm coming.... *jerk*.

Mongro adds the last part of his answer in low voice and leaves the room, taking the backpack with him. The footsteps disappear at the end of the corridor and finally there's peace in the middle deck, no more noise.
>>
No. 239845 ID: a7fe8a

>>239842
He forgot his welding tool and whatever else he brought in the Brig. Lootin' time.
>>
No. 239886 ID: e40e60

>>239845
inb4wehavethemurderweapon
>>
No. 239911 ID: a594b9

>>239842
Get in yon brig.
>>
No. 239916 ID: 6550ad
File 128648270791.png - (274.24KB , 1000x750 , 427.png )
239916

Tiak crawls out of the vent, making sure that nobody is coming back to Security before entering the Brig.

The place looks way cleaner since the last time you were here. The Janitor probably has something to do with it.

The card slot has been repaired. But Mongro only forgot one tool here, a small hammer. He must have taken the rest of the tools with him when he left.
>>
No. 239918 ID: a594b9

>>239916
Ugh. Well, it's kindof a weapon. Grab it.
>>
No. 239919 ID: a7fe8a

>>239916
How disappointing. Get ye hammer.
>>
No. 239922 ID: 2563d4

>>239916
Get hammer.
Drive a nail into the card slot to break it again.
Trollface.

I note the bomb is missing.
>>
No. 239923 ID: 701a19

>>239921
Use HAMMER on CARDSLOT.
Steal everything inside, rendering it USELESS and BEYOND REPAIR.
Then return to the vents, and replace the grate.
>>
No. 239924 ID: a7fe8a

>>239922
Brilliant. I support this.
>>
No. 239927 ID: a594b9

Let's not break the brig again. We may need to actually imprison someone in it who isn't us.

Just jamming something in the slot seems appropriate though, so long as it doesn't actually damage the mechanism. It could buy us some time in the future.
>>
No. 239942 ID: e40e60

>>239922
That would be utterly hilarious. Then to top it off we can go back down the elevator the moment they return to Security.
>>
No. 239967 ID: 6550ad
File 128649199240.png - (187.72KB , 1000x750 , 428.png )
239967

The bomb isn't in the brig anymore, but that was to be expected.

Tiak jams the nails into the card slot and drives them in with the hammer.

Ooops...

Tiak thinks that he overdid the part with the hammer a little bit. The card slot sizzles and sparks. It agrees.

Well, at least it doesn't look like the brig is gonna be opened anytime soon.
>>
No. 239969 ID: e31d52

>>239967
Uh well er uhm let's not stick around
>>
No. 239973 ID: bfb468

>>239967
Back to the vent, I guess. We need to devise some sorta plan.
>>
No. 239977 ID: 2563d4

>>239967
...ah. You used both. And I guess they're kind of welded in now.

Er. Hmm. Since the Colonel is keeping all our stuff close to him, the other weaponry went missing, and we're running out of things to investigate without tools (even if we can remember the password to get back to the files and it's unchanged, the Colonel is searching those decks now), I guess we're falling back to warning Zira. The bartender also vaguely has us in his good books and might keep shtum. Go listen at the door of the canteen and see if you can hear anyone else before you walk in.
>>
No. 240112 ID: fd6d7e

Great, so now instead of throwing you into the brig the Colonel is just going to have to kill you. GO HIDE
>>
No. 240283 ID: 6550ad
File 128654792845.png - (106.34KB , 1000x750 , 429.png )
240283

Tiak leaves Security into the corridor, which is completely empty by now, and as stealthy as he's able to, approaches the Canteen door.

Faint footsteps inside. Yes, there's somebody in there. No voices or anything, though.
>>
No. 240285 ID: cd2c90

>>240283
The barman is probably still asleep--we weren't locked for a whole sleep cycle. Yeri and Zeno are supposedly in their respective rooms. That leaves... pretty much everyone else. Shame we didn't see where the Colonel and Mongro left to. Maybe we should just skip the Canteen and head for a chat with Zeno?
>>
No. 240287 ID: 2563d4

>>240283
Faint? So it's either someone being sneaky and criminal, or it's someone dainty like Zira or Yery---and the latter is in her room.

Poke that door open a crack.
>>
No. 240305 ID: e40e60

>>240287
Note that Zira probably fits both of those categories.
>>
No. 240323 ID: 6550ad
File 128656964913.png - (268.15KB , 1000x750 , 430.png )
240323

Tiak peeks into the Canteen. The sound of the footsteps has ceased, and nobody can be seen inside.

But the door to the kitchen is open.
>>
No. 240327 ID: 54d49d

>>240323
Take empty bottle.
Grab it by the neck.
Break bottom.

Sinarri-knife.
>>
No. 240328 ID: c59f60

peek under the tables then get out the hammer and combat roll under the counter. if nothing is back there then move the bottles and climb the shelf so you can undo the grate, in case you need an escape route, keep the screws. then enter the kitchen.
>>
No. 240329 ID: d677cc

>>240327
But... this is Tiak. He's more likely to just fail to break the bottle, if anything.
>>
No. 240339 ID: 2563d4

>>240323
Hide between the counter and the far wall in case someone else enters the room. Listen into the kitchen and be ready to bop someone on the knees with your mallet.
>>
No. 240369 ID: 6550ad
File 128657710635.png - (257.87KB , 1000x750 , 431.png )
240369

Tiak rolls behind the counter, as stealthy as he can, and listens closely, but nothing can be heard inside the kitchen.

Still trying to avoid making any noise, he moves the bottles and glasses that bother him are in his way and climbs up to pry the vent cover out, and quietly descending again, leaving the grate on the floor with the bottles. At least he has a way to escape now. Sorta.

He takes the empty bottle, in case he needs an improvised knife, but he doesn't break it yet, trying not to blow the stealth factor for now.

Tiak crawls next to the door, hammer at hand. Still, nothing moves in the bar, no sounds coming from the kitchen.
>>
No. 240379 ID: e40e60
File 128657792179.gif - (57.70KB , 288x374 , ackbar.gif )
240379

>>240369
Do I need to say it?
>>
No. 240389 ID: c59f60

throw coat hanger into room then ready weapons.
>>
No. 240408 ID: 6550ad
File 128658432834.png - (255.94KB , 1000x750 , 432.png )
240408

Tiak throws the hanger inside of the kitchen. It rattles on the floor, making some noise until stops, probably against the wall or the fridge.

Tiak waits, but again, the place is completely void of any noise other than the sound of his own heart pounding.
He readies his weapon. And by that I mean that he holds the small hammer firmly.
>>
No. 240451 ID: 2563d4

>>240408
Hunh. Erm. Hmm. Well we can't wait here forever. And there's a distinct lack of mirrors.

...did we ever find out what that button under the bar did?
>>
No. 240453 ID: e40e60

>>240451
It released the balloon.
>>
No. 240544 ID: a594b9

Peek your head around the corner.
>>
No. 240552 ID: c59f60

herm. peek quickly and then duck your head back in.
>>
No. 240619 ID: 6550ad
File 128662293623.png - (116.68KB , 1000x750 , 433.png )
240619

Tiak peeks around the corner.

>Hey, finally. I was starting to think that you would stay out there forever. So, sup with you?
>>
No. 240622 ID: 74feb3

>>240619
"Hi. Did you hear? I'm a fugitive now."
>>
No. 240637 ID: e40e60

>>240619
Explain the current situation.
>>
No. 240638 ID: 2563d4

>>240619
Move into the back room first to be better hidden from the cafeteria. Ask her what she's up to.
>>
No. 240677 ID: e40e60

>>240638
Also close the door.
>>
No. 240678 ID: 6550ad
File 128664536979.png - (140.34KB , 1000x750 , 434.png )
240678

Hi. Did you hear? I'm a fugitive now.

>Seriously? Wow, this flight is really an inflection point in your career. What happened?

Tiak proceeds to tell her how the Colonel caught him checking the archives and locked him, accusing him of being the murderer.

Until I escaped, of course.

>Yap, that sounds pretty innocent of you.

Hey, I'm not gonna spend the rest of the flight inside the brig, not with what's happening. And what are you up to?

>I woke up from my nap, bored and hungry. The barman wasn't here but he left the door open, so I was munching some rations when I heard you stumbling over the counter and redecorating the shelves.

>But tell me, what's your plan now? Maybe I can help.
>>
No. 240681 ID: e40e60

>>240678
Right now, you need to get your gun, your PDA and at least one of your keycards back from the colonel.
>>
No. 240819 ID: 6550ad
File 128666462082.png - (107.59KB , 1000x750 , 435.png )
240819

Right now I need to get my PDA, my gun and at least one of the key cards back from the colonel.

>Yeah, I guess so. And I guess that you should find a way to get a Zero Deck key again.

Yeah. Doesn't sound easy.

>Well, you either need to sneak where the Colonel has locked up your stuff, or confront him, or the captain, and demand your things back. Also convince them to stop putting you in the brig.

>I don't really know how are you going to do this, but I'm gonna try to help you, for now.

Eh, thanks.

>So, what now?
>>
No. 240820 ID: c59f60

first, get the hanger back. that thing has been surprisingly useful.
>>
No. 240830 ID: 2563d4

>>240819
>And I guess that you should find a way to get a Zero Deck key again.

Hunh. So she either doesn't know about the unsecured elevator, or would rather we didn't.

Ask Zira where her weaponry is. I mean, everyone else on this flight is packing heat.

>>240820
Also this.
>>
No. 240855 ID: 7f86d4

Now, Tiak needs to get a mullet and a bitchin' jacket.

We can work on building up the aversion to gun use later.

Might let the barkeep know what's up. He seems like a stand-up guy. And cute nerd girl. The janitor's probably too far off his rocker to realize what we tell him.
>>
No. 240913 ID: 6550ad
File 128667603740.png - (159.95KB , 1000x750 , 436.png )
240913

Wait, first of all, I need to recover this.

Tiak gets the coat hanger.

>Wow, now we're talking. Some advanced warfare you're packing there.

Hey, this thing has proven to be very useful!

>I wouldn't doubt it for a minute. I mean, Tiak Belint only carries those things that are strictly necessary in his pockets!

Pff, cut it out. And what about you, what kind of weaponry are you carrying? Because it's like every person in this ship is hiding enough weapons to assault an Orbital Station.

>Hahah. Well, I guess I'm the exception. I only carry this old pal of yours.

She shows TIak a familiar knife, the same she put on his throat not so long ago. It's pretty small and simple. No ornaments, engravings or anything.

>I told you that I don't have any combat training. I just carry this thing to feel safer, because you never know... And now that we know a bit more about the contents of each other's pockets, what should be our next step?
>>
No. 240920 ID: 2563d4

>>240913
I honestly have no freaking idea.

Tell her you got into the files she's been so interested in. Don't immediately tell her what you found. She is being irritatingly reluctant to show her hand in this whole thing.
>>
No. 241131 ID: c5628c

For going to Zero Deck: See if a vent can lead you to the elevator shaft.
>>
No. 241138 ID: a594b9

We already know that one vent leads to the elevator shaft: the one outside the Queen's room.

HOWEVER- what would we do about that? There's no access ladder or anything. We just need a key. Know who's got one? Our good buddy Mongro.

We should get Zira to talk to him quietly and arrange a meeting spot.
>>
No. 241196 ID: 6550ad
File 128670485274.png - (42.28KB , 1000x750 , 437.png )
241196

I got into the files you were so interested in, by the way.

>Oh, cool.

She doesn't ask anything else and doesn't look too thrilled about it either.

Well...If I'm going to go into the Zero Deck again, I'm gonna need a key, and the only one I know that can provide it is Mongro. Why don't you try to arrange a meeting spot for us?

She thinks for a moment, then nods.

>Alright, I guess I can do that. I'll look for him and try to arrange a meeting in like... half and hour or so. Maybe a bit more, depends on how much time it can take me to find Mongro alone. You don't have a watch to keep track of the time or way to talk with me, so I'll find you, as long as you aren't locked up or something.

>Meanwhile, I guess you should keep investigating. Or trying to get your stuff back.

Said this, the tiny Maurian exits the room, leaving Tiak alone in the kitchen.
>>
No. 241198 ID: c59f60

grab a snack and into the vents again. try to get the latches off the vent so it can't be put on again.
>>
No. 241369 ID: 099247

>>241196
Muchio, ask whe- Wait, Tiak, ask her where the colonel might have stowed shit away, since it wasn't at the brig.
>>
No. 241391 ID: 6550ad
File 128674148643.png - (269.14KB , 1000x750 , 438.png )
241391

Tiak stops Zira from the door of the kitchen before she can exit the Canteen.

Hey. Do you have any idea where the Colonel might have stowed my stuff? Because it wasn't in the brig.

>Hmmm... Well, I doubt he put it in his room either, so I guess this deck is out of the equation. Maybe he's carrying your things with him. Or maybe he left them where he thinks it's safe. Probably the Upper Deck. That's just what I think, of course.

Aha. Well, thanks.

>Good luck!

Zira leaves, and Tiak gets back into the kitchen to grab a box of dried Gerbvia eggs. A snack, although he's not really hungry for now.

He prepares himself to ascend into the vents again. Considering the layout of the conducts he's crawled through so far, he thinks that following the vents in one direction or another will take him to any of the rooms or corridors of this deck. Where should he go?
>>
No. 241395 ID: 0b9430

>>241391
Lets go into the vent here and go LEFT, as in closer to the Brig. Maybe it leads beyond it.

That box looks mighty tempting to take, but it'd be pretty obvious you're the one who took it, so leave it be for now.
>>
No. 241397 ID: c59f60

why leave it? i don't think we could possibly get in WORSE trouble. take the box and let's go.
>>
No. 241410 ID: e40e60

>>241395
Speaking of which, let's get the captain's lockbox too. We can pick the locks later.
>>
No. 241620 ID: 6550ad
File 128675275945.png - (272.84KB , 1000x750 , 439.png )
241620

Tiak grabs the lockbox, which is obviously locked, and climbs up to the ventilation shaft once again.

Going to his left, he ends up in the brig. And it seems like if he keeps going the same way, he'll keep going in circles around the deck.

>>241410

Good idea, but to access the Upper Deck he's going to need the Key card of a crew member.
>>
No. 241639 ID: e40e60

>>241620
Guys, remember this. If we ever need to troll the Colonel again, we can just start stashing important items in the brig.
>>
No. 241693 ID: 2563d4

>>241620
Wait, there is a vent in the brig. Who designed this retrofit?

Check out the cryopod contents and under the bed just in case. It's tempting to just sit there patiently and see if you can give the Colonel an aneurysm but probably not wise.
>>
No. 241699 ID: 0b2a05

>>241693
Well they would need oxygen, neh?
>>
No. 241701 ID: e40e60

>>241699
But...

They could at least put it on a different wall!
>>
No. 241771 ID: 6550ad
File 128675762210.png - (281.59KB , 1000x750 , 440.png )
241771

No luck! The cryopod is empty, and there's nothing under the bed.
>>
No. 241774 ID: 2563d4

>>241771
Well, back into the vent with you.
>>
No. 241780 ID: c37cd8

Pff, looks like you can do >>239548 after all
>>
No. 241787 ID: e40e60

>>241780
Oh god that would be epic trolling.

Just make sure to carefully put all the vent covers back on.
>>
No. 242002 ID: 6550ad
File 128678261554.png - (288.73KB , 1000x750 , 441.png )
242002

Tiak puts all the covers back in place and sits on the bed.

The bad thing about this course of action is that it could be hours before the Colonel decides to check out the brig again.
>>
No. 242003 ID: 701a19

>>242002
Strip naked, shove everything into the vent, then give your noggin a big old crack and collapse on the floor.
THAT will fuck with the Colonel's head.
>>
No. 242004 ID: dc80ab

>>242003
nonono. we need to meet mongro in half an hour. after we get our stuff back we sleep in the brig because it's a safe place.
>>
No. 242005 ID: 1854db

Instead of being a giant troll let's do something useful with our time and go back into the vent. Check where it leads further forwards.
>>
No. 242057 ID: 2563d4

>>242002
I suppose there are worse places to wait for Zira, but this is hardly an efficient use of time. Get back into those vents.
>>
No. 242074 ID: 6550ad
File 128680656729.png - (94.34KB , 1000x750 , 442.png )
242074

Tiak gets back into the vents. As the tunnel turns left again, he realizes that he's going to go full circle, going back to the Colonel's room.

But just in the tunnel parallel to Security, before it turns left again, Tiak finds something. There's another bifurcation. One vent goes up, another down. Tiak can't see neither the bottom of one nor the top of the other in the dark, but they probably connect with the Lower and the Upper Deck respectively. Tiak can easily crawl over the descending one without falling into it, which would probably be lethal.

But there's something more. Something glowing in the dark, just in front of him. It looks like a vial.
>>
No. 242076 ID: 2563d4

>>242074
Well, carrying around goo last time then crawling in vents worked out great, right?

Besides, it's sort-of a light source. Just make sure to smother it in a pocket when peeping through grates.

Clambing up tall vertical vents (Starit clarified on IRC) sounds somewhat perilous. Chances of sliding down one, braced against the walls, without mutilating yourself?
>>
No. 242079 ID: 138011

>>242074
Did this vial fall from above? Must be some ridiculous tough glass. Doctor collected his own green goo in a broader cup. Could it be that he knows its secret and plans to track Tiak down with it?

Nevermind, for now. How long is the shaft going up? What about the one going down? Use the goo to see.

Also, umm, attempt speaking to the goo. Just ask it what's up and stuff.
>>
No. 242080 ID: e40e60

>>242074
Oh boy here we go again.

If we're serious about trolling the captain/colonel, we could always hide it in the captain's office, or in Security.
>>
No. 242094 ID: 6550ad
File 12868133902.png - (191.27KB , 1000x750 , 443.png )
242094

Tiak grabs the vial with the green substance in it and tries to speak with it.

Hello? Can you hear me? What's up?

The vial doesn't answer.

Tiak peeks through the vertical vents, but even with the light coming from the vial in his hand, he's unable to see the end of the shafts from here.

He could try to climb up or down taking advantage of how close are the walls of each other. But the tubes are slippery, and there's nothing to hold onto. If Tiak slips and falls... the outcome won't be pretty.
>>
No. 242095 ID: 2563d4

>>242094
You don't have the luck for it.
>>
No. 242097 ID: f4963f

>>242094
Don't give fortune another chance to give you a kick in the nads.
>>
No. 242108 ID: e40e60

>>242094
Up.
>>
No. 242110 ID: c37cd8

And thus the options are to move along or drop the vial. Let's move along, we can do something fun with the vial in a bit.
>>
No. 242113 ID: f35afd

Aren't the vents on the upper deck too narrow to crawl through for you anyway? Let's risk it. Unfold the hanger first, maybe we can snag the lock box.
>>
No. 242128 ID: 6550ad
File 128682456424.png - (116.22KB , 1000x750 , 444.png )
242128

Tiak decides to go on instead of risking his life trying to climb the vents up. He'll have to use the elevator instead.

He keeps crawling, the vent takes another turn to the left and he's back at Security.

>>242113

The vents on the floor were too narrow for him to fit in, but the ones on the walls will probably be as wide as these ones.
>>
No. 242131 ID: e40e60

>>242128
Listen carefully for any sounds of movement.
>>
No. 242218 ID: 6550ad
File 128684045872.png - (66.10KB , 1000x750 , 445.png )
242218

Tiak lays still and listens carefully. It's hard to make out what's happening around him, because the sounds come amplified through the vents from all parts of the ship. He can even feel the constant rumble of the engines, deep down in Engineering.

But as far as he knows, there's no sounds of footsteps or similar, nobody is walking around in the immediate area. Or at least, close to the vents.

Tiak thinks that he's been spending too much time crawling around. If he wants to do something, he must act now before Zira comes back with Mongro's answer. Unless Tiak plans to just sit in the brig and wait for it.
>>
No. 242282 ID: 2563d4

>>242218
I'm kind of at a dead loss. We basically can't get off this deck, and poking Yery or either of the Ziranee seems outright crazy.
>>
No. 242296 ID: f4963f

>>242218
Well, let's see. Zira said that she'd be about a half hour.

We want to get back to the Zero Deck, which apparently requires a cardkey, and we want to check out those archives, but we want to be able to do it in privacy. We can do this by either obtaining our PDA again, or by going back to the filing cabinet.

... I'm gonna say we wait for Zira.
>>
No. 242469 ID: 6550ad
File 128687256628.png - (289.06KB , 1000x750 , 446.png )
242469

Tiak crawls back into the brig, putting the vent cover in place, and sits on the bed, decided to wait for her.

Minutes pass, nobody comes. He wonders if he should do something to pass the time, or just take a nap.

>>242282

Tiak could get the elevator to get to the Lower Deck, being careful. Only the Upper Deck and the Zero Deck need a key card and a key, respectively, to be accessed.
>>
No. 242476 ID: 1854db

>>242469
Let's go through the vents to get to Lower Deck, then.
>>
No. 242479 ID: c6fa0a

>>242476
So far we know that both shafts go directly up/down, and we don't have the skill or the equipment to shimmy down the vent system properly. If we tried, we could possibly end up severely injured or dead. We already had the option to do so ( >>242094 ) and it looks like Tiak decided not to try ( >>242128 ).

>>242469
Does the forefield wall burn/melt things it touches, or is it just a "hard" field that prevents objects from going through without damage? If it's the former, consider using it to try to melt our way into the lockbox. If not... consider unstopping the bottle of green goo and dripping a drop or two on the lock of the container to see if it's acidic. Or if the goo comes to life or something.
>>
No. 242483 ID: 2563d4

>>242469
Oh, well get your chitinous buttocks down to the lower deck, then! We have a cardless route to Zero from there!
>>
No. 242497 ID: 6550ad
File 128688920343.png - (238.34KB , 1000x750 , 447.png )
242497

>>242479

It's a repulsive force field, it'll give any person or object trying to go through it a small electrostatic shock, accompanied by a repelling force. Harmless, but it stings.

Tiak unstops the vial and pours a drop over the lock of the barman's box. It doesn't react, it doesn't seem to be corrosive. But it won't stay still! The drops of goo suddenly jump from the box, all across the room, trying to get through the force field, which obviously stops them. Tiak blinks, astonished, and puts the drops back into the vial before they try to escape again.

After this, he returns to the vents and crawls all the way to the elevator, descending with it to the Lower Deck. He peeks into the lobby. It seems like the coast is clear.
>>
No. 242501 ID: 1854db

>>242497
Find out which direction the goo wants to go now.
>>
No. 242502 ID: 2563d4

>>242497
Listen to engineering.

The disadvantage of being down here is the lack of escape routes. I'm guessing that vent's too high. :/
>>
No. 242540 ID: e40e60

>>242497
See if you can get into the vents from the janitor's room.
>>
No. 242549 ID: 6550ad
File 128690929027.png - (182.22KB , 1000x750 , 448.png )
242549

Tiak opens the vial again and spills a few drops of the green goo. After a couple of seconds, the drops of slime crawl towards the shaft on the floor, with an unbelievable speed. They fall inside and never come back again. Tiak is unable to follow them, nor even know where did they go.

Done this, Tiak gets closer to the Engineering room and tries to listen. The continuous roaring of the engines is almost deafening, making a challenge to catch anything through it. But Tiak manages to notice voices. Yeah, there are people talking inside. Tiak can't make out what are they saying, less alone recognize the voices.

They must be close to the door, otherwise Tiak wouldn't be able to hear them.
>>
No. 242551 ID: 2563d4

>>242549
Probably Zira and Mongro, but probably not worth risking it being Colonel and Mongro while you're unarmed and they're not.

Head for the toilets and see what the vents are like there.
>>
No. 242564 ID: e40e60

>>242549
We can probably get into the vents via the janitor's room. Just make sure to close the vent behind you.
>>
No. 242569 ID: fd6d7e

The goo seems to know where the rest of it is, and you're already on Lower deck, so I guess it'd be safe to assume the goo is centered somewhere around that gigantic Zero deck (not that that's much of a help). Very puzzling to say the least. It was in a sealed container where Mikos was first shot, yet it seems to be at least somewhat sentient. Perhaps it was imprisoned? I wonder where they got it and where it was being delivered.
>>
No. 242601 ID: 1854db

>>242549
Well, follow the vent track.
>>
No. 242623 ID: c6fa0a

>>242549
+1 to finding a way into the vent system so we can spy on engineering.
>>
No. 242849 ID: 6550ad
File 128695946213.png - (108.45KB , 1000x750 , 449.png )
242849

Tiak goes down the corridor, looking for a suitable entrance to the ventilation system.
Unfortunately, the shafts over the doors of the restrooms are too high to reach. He can reach the ones inside the bathrooms, but those are too small for Tiak to fit in.
>>
No. 242850 ID: 6550ad
File 128695951618.png - (93.06KB , 1000x750 , 450.png )
242850

But the one in front of the Janitor's room has the perfect size, and it's within Tiak's reach too.

Talking about the Janitor's room, it seems that is open, with the mop bucket in the frame, stopping the door from closing itself.
>>
No. 242851 ID: 1854db

Investigate. Normally he forces it shut, why would he force it open?
>>
No. 242859 ID: c6fa0a

>>242850
Investimigate! Prepare hammer for self defense!

If nothing else, there's probably some junk in there you can use to boost yourself and get into a vent.
>>
No. 242863 ID: e40e60

>>242850
(inb4deadjanitor)
Investigate the janitor's room, hammer at the ready.
>>
No. 242882 ID: 2563d4

>>242850
Well, go ahead and get yourself recaptured while standing over the Janitor's freshly-beaten corpse, Tiak. :V
>>
No. 242912 ID: 6550ad
File 128698588328.png - (123.96KB , 1000x750 , 451.png )
242912

>>242863
>>242882

Hmm, I shouldn't be so pessimisfffffddfs...

Tiak peeks through the door of the Janitor's room, only to be welcomed by a motionless corpse, sitting on the bed, slightly leaning forward, yet not falling off to the floor, frozen in an awkward pose that grants it a delicate balance.

It seems to be what's left of Mat, the Janitor. And once again, the corpse lacks the head.
>>
No. 242915 ID: 88df58

>>242912
Um, yeah, okay, no. We're gonna do this WITHOUT people interfering. First of all, figure out how to keep the door from opening--the Janitor knew a way. Check the door.

After that, make sure to pull the bucket into the room.
Examine BUCKET.
Examine CORPSE.
Examine DRANK.
All preferably without doing too much touching. Remember that anything could be coated with a deadly poison.
>>
No. 242916 ID: 2563d4

>>242915
And see if the papers you hid are now missing.

Is that a bite wound or a burn wound? Looks like this one was pretty dang messy.
>>
No. 242942 ID: 365adf

>>242912
Are bug heads particularly tasty? Do snake folk have a tradition of collecting heads when they kill people? This headless thing is becoming a problem.

Plus the longer you stand there like a dumbass, the more likely that someone will come up behind you and catch you at the scene.
>>
No. 242962 ID: 6550ad
File 128700003615.png - (158.79KB , 1000x750 , 452.png )
242962

The last time, the janitor jammed the opening mechanism of the door with a piece of metal, then placed the bed behind so it couldn't be forced from outside. Tiak does the same, jamming the door with some random debris from the pile, but moving the bed would require pushing the corpse out, so he lets it be for now.

He starts investigating. The bucket is empty, nothing interesting inside.

The corpse seems rather messy, blood everywhere, most of it dry by now. But it doesn't seem to have other signs of violence than the missing head. No bruises, or cuts, at least in the visible part of the body, Tiak doesn't know if he should start touching the body. For the same reason, he doesn't search it just yet.

Once again, Tiak isn't a doctor, but the neck wound doesn't look like a bite wound. It's too clean, and there's a lot of burned tissue. It looks very similar to what was left of Trake's neck. Miko's wound was a tad different, though, the flesh around the wound was burned as well, but not this much.

Tiak notices the glass next to the corpse. For the position, it looks like it fell from the hand of the victim. It's empty now, but some drops of the liquid spilled over the bed. Tiak carefully tries to receive any smell over the wet spots, but he can't notice any. It could have been water, for what he knows.

Tiak opens the cabinet and riffles through the pile of papers. Yeah, the documents are still in the same place he hid them.

>>242942

It is a sad truth that a lot of alien species out there consider Maurian flesh to be rather tasty. The fact that Maurians like foods with high levels of sugar doesn't really help.
Yes, there have been cases of Ziraneé eating Maurian troops during the war, but mostly to inflict moral and psychological damage, rather than hunger or blood(or flesh)lust. They aren't that barbaric.
>>
No. 242973 ID: 2563d4

>>242962
Interesting. So much for the papers being motive, unless the Janitor was stupid enough to try to blackmail someone and that someone was too stupid to find them afterwards. Make sure you close the cupboard properly.

Weird. To pump that much blood out, he must have been decapitated alive, surely. But that's hardly the position of a struggle or one of being caught particularly off-guard. And there's no weapon marks on the walls or anything. And why would the murderer leave the door held open? :/

You're going to get blamed for this regardless of how guilty you do or do not look, and its not like you've had crime scene technicians to record everything first even when doing this as your job. Get rifling through those pockets and fully expect to be jumped by the Colonel.
>>
No. 243000 ID: e40e60

>>242962
Looks like they're trying to frame Zeno. Again. Or is that just a ruse on Zeno's part to make us think that? Or was their intention to make us think that Zeno was doing it to make it look like he was framed? WHICH WINE IS POISONED AAASFGGHDSSSADF
>>
No. 243009 ID: c37cd8

It's possible that he was poisoned and his head was cut off soon after... Regardless of his death, I have little doubt that he was killed for being a witness.
We should leave now and hide, the longer we're here the more likely we'll be caught.
>>
No. 243036 ID: 6550ad
File 128701044684.png - (126.51KB , 1000x750 , 453.png )
243036

Tiak quickly searches the pockets of the late Janitor.

He finds the Janitor's Key card. And just that. Nothing more.
>>
No. 243039 ID: 2563d4

>>243036
...

Oh, steal it already. It's hardly motive for murder or theft of valuables, you need one, and who knows if Mongro will even deliver.
>>
No. 243040 ID: fd6d7e

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that the janitor's head spontaneously exploded.
>>
No. 243048 ID: 2563d4

>>243040
...the walls kind of seem too clean for someone to have replaced his pills with microgrenades.
>>
No. 243060 ID: 6550ad
File 128701486881.png - (149.32KB , 1000x750 , 454.png )
243060

Tiak pockets the Janitor's key card. It's not like the poor man is going to need it anymore anyways.

Now, time to decide what to do, if TIak should flee the scene of the crime or keep investigating.
>>
No. 243061 ID: 2563d4

>>243060
Where are his pills, anyway?
>>
No. 243072 ID: 701a19

>>243060
Get out of there.
Go back into the brig, strip naked, hide all your stuff in the vents, give yourself a crack on your skull, sprawl out on the floor, and pass out.
When the Colonel discovers you naked and unconscious inside a locked and broken cell he'll be very, very confused.
>>
No. 243145 ID: c37cd8

Go to the hall, listen at the door to the big room before you go through it. Hide in the bathroom if you need to.
>>
No. 243148 ID: 1854db

...someone switched his pills with poison, then removed his head like the others.

Anyway, get the papers you stashed out of the cabinet.
>>
No. 243149 ID: e40e60

>>243060
Get into the vents.
Become Ceiling Tiak once more.
>>
No. 243420 ID: 2563d4

>>243149
Yes.
>>
No. 243449 ID: 6550ad
File 128707021168.png - (95.41KB , 1000x750 , 455.png )
243449

Tiak leaves the Janitor's room and climbs up the ventilation shaft, prying the cover open with the hanger, and being careful enough to put it back in place afterwards.

Now, if the ventilation system follows the logical pattern of this deck, going forward would take him to the cargo bay, and then back to the lobby, and Engineering. Going backwards from here, instead would take him around the Janitor's room, the crew quarters, etc.
>>
No. 243451 ID: c37cd8

We wanna spy on Engineering.
>>
No. 243453 ID: 1854db

>>243449
Hmm, you know, I just realized we've only been in one of the crew quarters' rooms... but right now we need to find out what Mongro and the Colonel are doing. Let's go Engineeringwards.
>>
No. 243460 ID: d8aa80

We must spy on the voices, by the shortest route.
>>
No. 243476 ID: 6550ad
File 128707965910.png - (214.11KB , 1000x750 , 456.png )
243476

Tiak crawls all the long way to Engineering. But there's no trace of whoever was talking here earlier. Tiak didn't see anybody in front of the elevators either.
>>
No. 243477 ID: 2563d4

>>243476
Hmm. Could you climb up/down that machine to reach the left-hand vent?

If so, check Mongro's area and, if clear, come back for the files. If we get caught again, well...
>>
No. 243482 ID: e40e60

>>243476
Let's check the other rooms before leaving the safety of the vents.
>>
No. 243484 ID: 2563d4

>>243482
To clarify, I mean to check Mongro's area from the vents.
>>
No. 243530 ID: 6550ad
File 128709568533.png - (89.08KB , 1000x750 , 457.png )
243530

>>243477

Tiak doesn't need to climb down from here to get to the vents to the left, there's a bifurcation here, he can just crawl over there if he wants. That tunnel seems to lead to Atmospherics.

Tiak crawls around the rest of Engineering, not seeing anything unusual, and finally reaches Mongro's room. He can't advance anymore through the vents from here, they turn around the room and go back to Engineering.

And Mongro is in his room, after all. He seems to be pretty busy with whatever he's doing with his cabinet.
>>
No. 243533 ID: c6fa0a

>>243530
Is that the gun case back under his bed? :O

Wait and see what he's up to. No point busting out before we have INFO!
>>
No. 243535 ID: 2563d4

>>243530
(I was attempting to determine if Tiak could get out of the vents there and get back in so he could poke the file cabinet.)

Continue being a shameless voyeur, Tiak.
>>
No. 243554 ID: 6550ad
File 128709813966.png - (98.16KB , 1000x750 , 458.png )
243554

>>243535

Yes, Tiak should be able to climb up and down the garbage disposal unit in order to get in and out of the ventilation system without problems.

Tiak waits for a bit more, and Mongro finally stops rummaging through the cabinet. The Sinarri then walks over the bed and hides something under the pillow covers, and finally leaves the room.
>>
No. 243555 ID: f4963f

>>243554
Oh you little pilferer you.

You know what to do.
>>
No. 243557 ID: 4643fd

engage looting mode.
>>
No. 243584 ID: c37cd8

Try following Mongro just a little to make sure he won't be back quickly.
>>
No. 243605 ID: 1854db

>>243554
Continue to track Mongro.
>>
No. 243612 ID: e40e60

>>243554
Watch him. This could be a trap, something seems off about this whole thing.
>>
No. 243748 ID: 6550ad
File 128714627481.png - (231.35KB , 1000x750 , 459.png )
243748

Tiak tries to follow Mongro through the tubes, but the Sinarri keeps up a fast pace, faster than Tiak is able to crawl through the vents.
He barely manages to see how Mongro leaves the Mainframe Room, and by the time he gets back to the main section of Engineering, there's no trace of the engineering assistant anymore.
>>
No. 243764 ID: 1854db

Whatever, let's go into his room and check in the cabinet and under the pillow, now.
>>
No. 243788 ID: 2563d4

>>243764
Pillow first.
>>
No. 243793 ID: f4963f

Alright. Point being, he's not ducking right back into his room.

Loot and plunder, young Tiak!
>>
No. 243795 ID: 6550ad
File 128716262926.png - (154.63KB , 1000x750 , 460.png )
243795

Tiak gets back to Mongro's room and immediately starts searching up the place. The cabinet doesn't have anything new. Still the same civil clothes hanged and the boots. None inside the pockets, nor in the boots.

But Tiak retrieves what the Sinarri hid between the covers of the pillow. It's the blue key card, the one he took from the suitcase and Mongro stole from the backpack with his stuff, not so long ago.
>>
No. 243796 ID: 12ba26

>>243795
There's a faint outline of a hidden compartment at the lower right of the cabinet. Check it out.

Also, there's the thing under the bed. Pull it out and open it.
>>
No. 243824 ID: 1854db

Check the compartment asap. The suitcase is probably the same one as before; Mongro likely retrieved it right after we got captured.
>>
No. 243825 ID: 6550ad
File 128716877037.png - (109.79KB , 1000x750 , 461.png )
243825

Tiak notices a faint outline in a corner of the cabinet wall. Looks like it's been cut and welded back into place. And not long ago, the metal is still warm. He tentatively pushes the panel, but it doesn't budge, the cabinet walls are actually pretty thick and sturdy. He would have to use a cutter or similar to open it.

Leaving the cabinet, Tiak kneels down and pulls out the object under the bed. It's the suitcase again. But this time, it isn't locked. And it's completely empty.
>>
No. 243830 ID: 12ba26

Bastard. We're taking his shirt and boots and putting them where he can't reach 'em--that is, back in the vent.

Lets crawl back to, uhh...
>>
No. 243831 ID: c37cd8

I'm a little hesitant for us to keep the card, since I don't like stealing from Mongro, but we do need something better than the Janitor's card. Best get crawling again.
>>
No. 243832 ID: 1854db

>>243825
Can't say I'm that surprised. I'm guessing he carved the compartment in so that nobody could get to the gun again. Or... something. Strange that he didn't put the keycard in there. Perhaps he needs to have easy access to it? ...it probably opens the captain's back room...

ANYWAY, let's check out other crew quarters we haven't been in yet. Also while we're in an enclosed space, find out which direction the goo wants to go.
>>
No. 243887 ID: 6550ad
File 128718199187.png - (105.69KB , 1000x750 , 462.png )
243887

Tiak spends more minutes crawling all over the place, turning around the room and following the vents until he reaches the Crew Quarters zone. But there's no opening or vent leading into the quarters themselves! The tunnel just circles around them and goes back to the main corridor. The ventilation system must connect with the rooms through different conducts, sadly.

Tiak tries and drops a few drops of the goo on the vents. The little thing vibrate and throb a bit, but they don't look as agitated than the last times. It seems kind of confused. After a few seconds more of inactivity, Tiak puts them back into the vial.
>>
No. 244725 ID: 1854db

Exit and try the unlabeled keycard on all the crew quarters doors.
>>
No. 244752 ID: 6550ad
File 128731019960.png - (155.50KB , 1000x750 , 463.png )
244752

Tiak emerges from the vents and tries the unlabelled card on every door of the crew quarters, but he's denied the access in all of them.

Tiak stops to think for a moment and realizes that if there's a key card with more chances of opening these doors, it would be the Janitor's card. Hell, actually the Janitor's card must have clearance to a lot of places. He's the one cleaning up the place, after all. Or rather, he was.
>>
No. 244755 ID: e31d52

>>244752
hurrrr

alright, tell me we still have it.
>>
No. 244761 ID: 1854db

Hey, good idea! Use it to enter the first door on the left.
>>
No. 244763 ID: 701a19

>>244752
We should be carrying around the papers that prove the captain is a traitor.
That way we can show them to people and say that there's a fake colonel on board.
Word gets out, traitors eager to prove their loyalty go gunning for the two of them, and Tiak is a free man again.
>>
No. 244801 ID: c6fa0a

>>244763
The captain isn't necessarily a traitor. We just know that he's been commissioned to carry something other than (or in addition to) his normal cargo.

The colonel, also, isn't necessarily fake. Everything he's done so far leads me to believe he is legit, but of the "follow orders without question" type - the kind of person corrupt officials rely on. We haven't seen much more info about him yet, though, because we haven't had access to the files again.

>>244752
I don't think we were really trying to get IN to quarters so much as just see if we could figure out what the unlabled card key actually does. So far we've figure out it's NOT another "skeleton key" to the ship.

One thing I've been trying to figure out... Tiak, can you tell us who's supposed to be in each cabin before we go busting in? I've been thinking about the crew roster and there were 8 crew members, but at least 3 of them have "private quarters" outside of this area - Tiak, Mongro, and Mat (Janitor). That means unless some people have 2 quarters, at least one of these rooms should be empty. Possibly more, if the Captain's back room is his personal quarters.
>>
No. 244819 ID: 6550ad
File 128732207730.png - (154.51KB , 1000x750 , 464.png )
244819

>>244801

Tiak doesn't know which room belongs to each crew member, the only one he's sure of is room. That was Trake's room. Tiak believes that that kind of information is likely to be in the crew files.

Tiak opens room A and peeks inside. And he's immediately noticed by its occupant: Dan, the Navigation Officer. The man seems really startled by Tiak's busting in, hastily putting down a note and what seems to be a picture and doing his best to put it away from Tiak's sight.

>Wha.. You...! Belint! What are you doing here! They told me... They said you were arrested for Mikos' murder.
>>
No. 244820 ID: 1854db

>>244819
"Yeah, but I was cleared. What's that you got there?"
>>
No. 244821 ID: 1854db

...wait, ask him how he knows this. Who told him? It happened like an hour ago.
>>
No. 244839 ID: 701a19

>>244819
Wander over to see what he's doing
"Yes, by a person who is impersonating an officer and who happens to be in collusion with the captain for the sake of treason.
You don't have to take my word for it either; just ask the captain about his gambling debts or the set of crescent keys he and the Ziranee diplomat share and watch the show.

Oh, calm down. I already know you're guilty of quite a few crimes, but at this point the only crimes I give a damn about are finding the murderers, stopping further murders, and disarming the bombs that have gone missing from the cargo Miko smuggled on board.

So, mind if I take a look at what you're doing there?
>>
No. 244852 ID: 701a19

>>244801
Crime bosses are unlikely to call in a captain's gambling debts like this unless they were too significant to pay on a captain's salary, meaning that this must be is a major crime.
Beyond that, providing evidence that the captain is a traitor is enough to get public opinion in Tiak's favor. Even if nobody opposes the captain and colonel directly it would be helpful enough for them to simply not cooperate with their search to find Tiak.
>>
No. 244939 ID: c37cd8

>>244839
minus 'impersonating' officer... We don't want to get too detailed when we don't know if we're right. I'm a little uncomfortable with the whole dialouge.
>>
No. 245007 ID: 6550ad
File 128734316830.png - (133.18KB , 1000x750 , 465.png )
245007

Yeah, but I was cleared. What's that you got there?

Tiak approaches the Navigator, trying to take a better look at the papers he has on his hands, but Dan is faster, and before Tiak can get a better visual, the Navigation Officer gets up from the chair, turning around to face Tiak, hiding the paper and the picture behind his body.

>Hey! Where do you think you're going? This is private! And so is this room! And I don't buy that you got cleared so fast, what are you doing here?

How do you know anyways about me getting arrested, it happened just like... an hour ago?

>I was having a drink at the bar and heard the Colonel ranting and mumbling outside, going in and out the Security room. I asked him and he told me that he was waiting for Mongro to repair the brig and throw you in there. I guess they didn't good a job out of it. Now, what are you doing, trying to sneak into my room?
>>
No. 245023 ID: 1854db

"Eh, well, looking for corpses actually. The janitor is dead. Wouldn't happen to know anything about that would you?"
>>
No. 245125 ID: 732129

We're already in "shoot on sight" territory by leaving the brig. We can't get any deeper in trouble with the legitimate authority on the ship than we already are. If we're going to survive this we'll need to have incontrovertible proof, as in hard evidence, of the captain's wrongdoing, and we'll need to convince the colonel (who seems to be honest) to join us in our mutiny.

Dan is in on whatever the captain is involved in, if we remember the bartender's suspicions. We need to find out how deep in it he is, and convince him that turning state's evidence is better than being strung up with the captain for treason. We need him to cooperate.
>>
No. 245171 ID: 6550ad
File 128735878617.png - (183.16KB , 1000x750 , 466.png )
245171

Eh, well, looking for corpses actually. The janitor is dead. Wouldn't happen to know anything about that would you?

>What!? You killed him too? Is this a threat? What do you want?

No! I didn't kill anybody! I just found his corpse and I'm trying to find the truth after all this mess! If you...

>No, no, no, no, no. I don't want to get involved. Just get out of my room. Be thankful that I don't go right now to see the Colonel and tell him about this. Just leave me alone!

The man seems rather serious about this and pushes the surprised Tiak, trying to throw him out of the cabin. He doesn't seem to be too strong, Tiak should be able to resist if he wanted.
>>
No. 245174 ID: 644ca1

I think we want to know what is on that piece of paper, he was hiding it earlier.
>>
No. 245182 ID: 2563d4

>>245171
Oh, sock him one already and wrestle for those damn papers and the picture.
>>
No. 245330 ID: c37cd8

Grab his hands and tell him to get ahold of himself. We'll leave him alone in a second, it's not like we want him to be murdered.
>>
No. 245336 ID: fba40f

>>245330
Leave out that last part, it'll only make things worse.
>>
No. 245344 ID: 40cb26

>>245171
Don't let him push you out, brush him off and leave on your own. Apologize and offer to help or at least listen if he ever needs it.
>>
No. 245508 ID: 6550ad
File 128738503670.png - (142.64KB , 1000x750 , 467.png )
245508

Tiak brushes him off easily.

Whoa, whoa there. I can get out by myself, thank you. But just remember that I'm only trying to help. So look for me if you need it.

>Whatever, just leave me alone.

Tiak exits the Navigator's room, with an unpleasant feeling of wasted time over his head. And talking about it, it's hard to keep track of the time without the PDA.
>>
No. 245509 ID: 1b42c5

... let's go to where zira said she would bring mongro.
>>
No. 245515 ID: 1854db

She said she was going to find us. Peer out into engineering to see if she's looking for us yet. If not just try the next room.
>>
No. 245558 ID: 2563d4

>>245508
Get to that damn file cabinet.
>>
No. 245574 ID: 6550ad
File 128740856180.png - (210.12KB , 1000x750 , 468.png )
245574

Tiak heads out, heading back to Engineering. But just as he enters the lobby, the elevator doors open, and Zira peeks through them.

>Ah, there you are! I looked for you everywhere! Anyways, I talked with Mongro. He doesn't seem to be too happy about the idea, but he'll meet up with you in the Cargo Bay in... around 10 minutes from this moment.
>>
No. 245575 ID: 2563d4

>>245574
inb4 he realises we re-stole his card and clobbers us one.

Put the damn thing back.
>>
No. 245584 ID: 644ca1

>>245575
No, instead hide it so that if he does knock us out he have to keep us alive to find it.
>>
No. 245614 ID: 1854db

Considering Tiak's track record with hiding things, I think we should just keep it and give it back in person.

HOWEVER let's pop back into Engineering briefly and see if anyone changed the password to the cabinet yet. Reading the crew files manually would be nice.
>>
No. 245622 ID: 2563d4

>>245614
If we have time, sure.
>>
No. 245627 ID: 6550ad
File 12874322152.png - (225.55KB , 1000x750 , 469.png )
245627

Tiak can't decide if he wants to keep, hide or give back the blue key card. But meanwhile he tries his luck with the file cabinet. He walks into Engineering while Zira stays outside, guarding the door.

No luck. Tiak still remembers the password, but the machine doesn't accept it. It must have been changed. He's still pondering about this when Zira's voice comes from outside.

>By the way... Want me to go with you to see Mongro, or do you want to talk with him by yourself?

Tiak should decide now what to do with the key... And with Zira!
>>
No. 245633 ID: 2563d4

>>245627
So Plan A is now "get our PDA back".

Drag Zira along. Mongro's probably justifiably pissed off with us. Or dead. Witnesses are good either way.
>>
No. 245635 ID: 1854db

>>245627
Keep the key. Zira should come with you to see Mongro. He might try something...
>>
No. 245671 ID: c6fa0a

>>245627
Hide key. Use it as bargaining chip with Mongro if things get bad - For example, if he threatens to turn you in to the Colonel or threatens to kill you.

Zira doesn't have any ranged weapons, so it might be cool if we could have her *hide* somewhere (lol vents?) and watch what goes down, just as a witness.
>>
No. 246024 ID: 6550ad
File 128751355086.png - (160.33KB , 1000x750 , 470.png )
246024

Tiak decides to keep the key and head with Zira towards the Cargo Bay. When he's at the door, he has an idea.

Hey, Zira. You don't have any ranged weapons with you...Unless you are able to throw that knife with extreme accuracy...

>-which wouldn't be the case.

Yeah, yeah, I mean... I don't think you would be able to assist me in case he decides to attack me. So I think it's a better idea if you hide in the vents over the cargo bay and keep an eye over the meeting, as a witness.

>Sure. Well, up the vents I go again. Good luck with Mongro, he looked pissed.

Thanks.
>>
No. 246025 ID: 6550ad
File 128751360456.png - (162.33KB , 1000x750 , 471.png )
246025

After giving Zira enough time to sneak into the vents, Tiak enters the cargo bay. Mongro is there, waiting alone, and he does look rather enraged.

>There you are! I can't believe you have the balls to come at me after you squealed about the keys to the captain. And after you pretty much told them that I'm one of the most likely people to be the murderer! And just by being here, talking to you now, I could be accused of being your accomplice, if they find us!

>Give me a reason I shouldn't knock you down and drag you to the Colonel so he can throw you into the brig, or shoot you or whatever.
>>
No. 246033 ID: 1854db

>>246025
Uh, because we keep finding mainframe parts? There was one in Zero Deck we found but couldn't reach, and we can lead him there if he likes.

But hey if he's angry at us yet not immediately throwing us to the colonel, does that mean he thinks we're innocent? Ask him why he thinks that, when the colonel doesn't.
>>
No. 246059 ID: f4963f

>>246025
Because at the end of the day, we both want to find the rat who's responsible for this mess. You want to do that too, don't you, Mongro?

Just between you and me, Mongro, we both know we're both innocent. We're not gonna convince the martial court of that without something to back it up though, amirite? The real killer's still wandering around up there.
>>
No. 246060 ID: 51b901

because, you can convince me you are innocent and take out the real suspect. which if you can believe it is now the captain.
>>
No. 246065 ID: 2563d4

>>246033
Pretty much this.
>>
No. 246075 ID: fba40f

>>246059
THISTHISTHIS
>>
No. 246108 ID: 6550ad
File 128753268297.png - (242.21KB , 1000x750 , 472.png )
246108

Well, I keep finding mainframe parts. There was one in the Zer...

>No, no, no, that's you bug folks problem, not mine. You find the parts, I fix it. You don't find them, the mainframe remains useless the rest of the flight. I couldn't care less.

Well...Because at the end of the day, we both want to find the rat who's responsible for this mess. You want to do that too, don't you, Mongro?

>I honestly don't give a shit. You know how many Sinarri men and women lose their lives in the silver mines of the asteroid belt of Abradia, working for you people for a misery? How many die in the weaponry factories? I'm not going to stress out because some lazy fat bugs lost their heads during a stupid flight.

Eehhh... But, but you know that the Colonel thinks of you as a suspect.

>Thanks to you!

Yeah, yeah... but I believe that you're innocent. If I can find the real murderer, we'll be out of any suspicion!

The sinarri remains silent, pensive for a few seconds, before answering again.

>Hmmm... Fine, you have my attention. For now. What do you want?
>>
No. 246112 ID: 2563d4

>>246108
...is he still being used as a packmule by the Colonel? Letting our PDA "fall" out of the backpack somewhere we can pick it up would be handy.
>>
No. 246113 ID: fba40f

>>246108
I love how every single time we make the exact same mistakes
>>
No. 246117 ID: 1854db

>>246108
Having some way to keep visiting Zero Deck is the most important thing right now. The PDA would be nice too, and maybe a gun or something...

>>246113
Uh, care to explain what you mean there?
>>
No. 246121 ID: 2563d4

>>246117
Since nobody uses /dis/ I'll point it out here: the elevator next to the server room is unsecured, unless Mongro has actually obeyed the colonel is deactivating it. What we can't currently get to is the upper deck.
>>
No. 246122 ID: fba40f

>>246117
Uh, just disregard that post for now while I reword it
>>
No. 246129 ID: 1854db

>>246121
>keep visiting
>implying in the future
>>
No. 246239 ID: c37cd8

"First off, I'd like to return this..."(give him blue card)"I know, I took it again. I didn't have a card and I took the first one I found--I've adopted the habit of indiscriminately taking anything that could give me an advantage, like my people skills are sloppy enough." ...Or something like that.
>>
No. 246258 ID: c6fa0a

>>246239
I like this! Except...

>>246108
How about we start with:

"Alright, the first thing I want... is to know what this card-key is for."

"Second thing I want to know is why you have a laser SMG and how it got on board."

"Third thing I want to know is whether or not you still have a key to Zero-deck and if you've locked down the mech elevator, since it turns out that *also* goes down there."
>>
No. 246281 ID: 6550ad
File 128756465945.png - (169.79KB , 1000x750 , 473.png )
246281

>>246121

Actually, Tiak can access the Upper Deck now, using the Janitor's key card.

Alright, the first thing I want... is to know what this card-key is for.

As soon as Tiak shows the blue card, Mongro snatches it out of his hand.

>What!? Where did you...? You've been in my room, haven't you!?

Well, yes, just investigating. I didn't take anything from you, just making sure that...

>I can't believe how you expect me to trust you just after telling me that you've been INTO my room, taking things from ME!

Hey, hey, I'm giving it back, I'm just trying to find out what's with the key and the laser sub-rifle.

He seems to calm down a bit.

>Laser? What laser sub-rifle?

The one inside the suitcase where the blue key card also was.

>I have no idea what are you talking about. I found a suitcase in the Zero Deck, locked, and took it to my room to take it to Security later. Then it got stolen. And then I found it again in the Zero Deck, open and empty. That's the story.

And you don't know what opens that key card?

>No, I don't.

Okay... The elevator with the Walker, in Engineering... Does it still work?

>It does. But I've sealed the door. Colonel's orders, nobody must use that elevator anymore.

Damn...And what about my PDA and gun? Do you still have that backpack?

>No. But I know where it is, and I could probably steal it back easily. But I don't know why should I trust you, or what do I get by helping you. So far, it has only given me troubles.
>>
No. 246285 ID: c6fa0a

>>246281
Tell him that he should trust you because people are ending up dead, you're the only one trying to actually solve the problem, the captain is corrupt, and the colonel is so blinded by his own arrogance that he can't see what the hell is going on with the ship.

Remind him that unless they can do something to find the murderer AND prove that the captain is smuggling cargo for an organized crime group, either of them could end up dead or scapegoats once they get into port. As a sinarri, he's not exactly someone that they're going to defend with all their effort.

Ask him if he knows who took the hazard suit from Engineering, or if he's heard of anyone complaining of shoulder issues. And if he's seen anyone with the Plasma cutter. And if he still has a key to Zero deck. And if he knows the new engineering cabinet password.
>>
No. 246294 ID: fba40f

>>246285
FFS GUYS THIS
>>
No. 246314 ID: d677cc

>>246285
Seriously.
>>
No. 246326 ID: 6550ad
File 128760157847.png - (62.43KB , 1000x750 , 474.png )
246326

You should trust me because people are ending up dead, and it gives me the impression that I'm the only one doing something about it and actually trying to solve the problem! The captain is corrupt, and the Colonel is so blinded by his own arrogance that he can't see what the hell is going on with the ship.

Unless we can find the murderer and prove that the captain is smuggling cargo for an organized crime group, we're both going to end up dead or used as scapegoats. You know how it is, you're a Sinarri: they aren't going to make an effort defending you.

Mongro remains silent for a moment, then finally nods, looking much more calmed and calculating.

>Very well, I'll help you for now.

Ok, just a few questions, before anything else. Do you know who took the hazard suit from Engineering?

>No.

Heard of anyone having shoulder issues?

>No. I don't talk with the rest of the crew unless they boss me around.

Have you seen anyone with the Plasma Cutter around?

>No, that tool is been missing since yesterday.

Do you know the password for the file cabinet?

>No.

Do you still have the key for the Zero Deck?

>...Yes. I still have copies.

>And now. I can snatch your things back for you. But you have to do something for me first. There's a locked box behind the bar counter in the Canteen. I need it. Don't try to open it and no questions. Either that, or there's no deal.
>>
No. 246338 ID: c37cd8

Agreed. I'll be avoiding causing any trouble for you from now on.
>>
No. 246340 ID: 2563d4

>>246326
Enh. Hand it over. He already knows we're a kleptomaniac and the chances of Tiak getting into it alone are slim at best.
>>
No. 246341 ID: fba40f

>>246326
He's probably the only one who knows where the key is anyway. Hand it over.
>>
No. 246342 ID: 1854db

>>246326
What a coincidence, we already shamelessly stole that.

...dammit Tiak what is wrong with you

Also ask who told him all the victims so far had their heads destroyed.
>>
No. 246343 ID: 1854db

...oh yeah also ask where the bomb you were storing in the brig went.
>>
No. 246345 ID: 2563d4

>>246343
This...is a good point. Mongro wanted nothing to do with it when we first found it and waved it at him.
>>
No. 246350 ID: fba40f

>>246343
Colonel probably took it back moved it.
>>
No. 246358 ID: 6550ad
File 128761156277.png - (153.62KB , 1000x750 , 475.png )
246358

Oh, that's quite the coincidence, because...

Tiak hands Mongro the locked box.

>...I think you have issues. Anyways, thank you. Come to see me at Engineering in 20 minutes. I'll give you your things. And a copy of the Zero Deck key.

Thanks. Ah, one or two questions more before you leave. First: How did you know that the heads of the victims were destroyed?

>Yeah, who do you think they called to drag out the bodies? Yours truly.

What happened with the bomb that was in the brig?

>I know nothing about a bomb in the brig. Maybe the Colonel took it before I got there.

>Ok, I better hurry. 20 minutes, Engineering.

And said this, the Sinarri leaves, leaving Tiak alone with his pockets a bit lighter.
>>
No. 246359 ID: 2563d4

>>246358
Raid the supplies cupboard.
>>
No. 246363 ID: c6fa0a

>>246358
Since apparently we all LOVE Zira, why don't we ask her to be useful? Retrieve her and get her to spy on Mongro's room / engineering (through the vents) and figure out what the heck was inside that thing. With any luck, it'll take him long enough to force it open that she'll have enough time to sneak up and see him do it.

Otherwise, we're a wanted man. It wouldn't hurt to double-check the supplies closet as per >>246359, and then find some place near Engineering to hide until we need to meet Mongro.
>>
No. 246368 ID: 6550ad
File 128761502955.png - (192.03KB , 1000x750 , 476.png )
246368

Tiak takes a look into the Supplies closet.
Almost nothing seems to have changed since the last time he borrowed a few things from it. The tools cabinet is still open, with less tools inside now.

The rest remains untouched, the cabinet with the spare uniforms, the box full of light sticks and the other one full of paper and pens.
>>
No. 246373 ID: fd6d7e

Ahh you guys didn't even notice. Mongro recognized the blue card meant you had been in his room, and then Mongro claimed not to even know what was inside the box with the blue card and laser rifle.

Well, no matter. I know what the blue card does. It summons your Digivice! :3c
>>
No. 246410 ID: f4963f

>>246368
Oh yeah, Colonel McTinyPincers TOOK our lightsticks, didn't he?

Get two more, Tiak. Can't rely on getting all our gear back intact, and I'll be damned if we're going out without our oversized rave accessories.
>>
No. 246553 ID: 6550ad
File 128764951412.png - (157.41KB , 1000x750 , 477.png )
246553

Tiak grabs a pair of lightsticks and closes the door, turning around just to find Zira standing right behind him.

Damn, you're sneaky.

>Heheh, when you're tiny, you don't make a lot of noise. So I heard it all. That was a close call, eh?

Yeah, that guy has temper problems. Anyways, could you hang out over the vents in Engineering and check out what's he doing? Maybe you could find out what's in that box.

>Fine. I just hope you don't plan to make me spend the rest of the flight crawling through the ventilation system.

Hahah, no, don't worry. And thanks, Zira, you're the best

Now Tiak has to figure out what to do for the next 20 minutes.
>>
No. 246566 ID: 1854db

>>246553
Let's go nose around in the crew quarters some more. Check the next door!
>>
No. 246587 ID: 2563d4

>>246553
While we're here, go wave your vial of goo near that blue container. I wonder if there's any left in it or if it all escaped.

We've got loads of inventory space for now. Pen and paper from the supply closet again.
>>
No. 246618 ID: 6550ad
File 128767956025.png - (132.85KB , 1000x750 , 478.png )
246618

Tiak grabs a few pieces of paper and a pen from the Supplies closet and heads back to the Crew Quarters, this time opening Room B.

It seems that the room isn't occupied, it looks completely empty.
>>
No. 246621 ID: 2563d4

>>246618
Blue thing behind bed.
>>
No. 246639 ID: 1854db

>>246618
Check in the sleep compartment too.
>>
No. 246682 ID: 6550ad
File 128770128951.png - (132.42KB , 1000x750 , 479.png )
246682

Tiak opens the cryo-pod: nothing inside. But he finds something behind the bed, almost hidden. It looks just like another part of the mainframe computer.

Tiak pockets it.
>>
No. 246687 ID: 70e5c6

>>246682
Yay, something to give to Mongro the next time we see him.

So, funny idea, but anyone else want to dress up as the Janitor and just wear a helmet / hazmat mask and pretend it's to "silence the voices"? I'm willing to bet no one except the killer knows the janitor is dead yet. Might be able to catch them based on whether or not someone jumps out of their skin when they see us...

I'm not willing to tell Tiak to go for it with just one vote, but it would be pretty hilarious. :>

Otherwise, I guess we'll just end up nosing through other people's quarters until someone rages at us. We already know where the Barman is (we saw him earlier for the recipe of the cocktail!), so we can eliminate his room and proceed to the remaining rooms. The only people left to run into are actually the Captain (if one of these is his instead of the locked room behind his desk) and the Doctor, if he's not in his lab... and that's pretty much it.
>>
No. 246688 ID: 1854db

>>246687
We told the navigator he's dead so pretending to be the janitor won't work.

NEXT ROOM!
>>
No. 246728 ID: 2563d4

>>246687
...no.

Listen to the next room, skipping the Barman. Can't think of much else to do right now...going upstairs unarmed is pretty suicidal.
>>
No. 246863 ID: 6550ad
File 128775346128.png - (180.06KB , 1000x750 , 480.png )
246863

Tiak proceeds to Room C. This one has signs of occupation in it, and by then Tiak deduces that this is the Doctor's room.

There's a long lab coat and a spare pair of pants hanged on the wall. There's also another lab suit like the one the doctor is usually seen wearing, but this one seems to be in a rather messy state. On the bed can also be seen a couple of scientific magazines. And across the room, on the desk, there's a single piece of paper with something written on it.
>>
No. 246864 ID: 701a19

>>246863
Take the note, and shake the magazines to see if any papers fall out.
Also, check under the bed and in the cryopod.
>>
No. 246865 ID: 1854db

>>246863
Read paper, then inspect shirt. What is the nature of the stains on it?

Also can you tell if someone's in the cryo bed before opening it? If the doc's in there we don't want to open it, but if he's NOT there could be something hidden there.
>>
No. 246891 ID: 6550ad
File 128777286129.png - (189.61KB , 1000x750 , 481.png )
246891

Tiak opens the cryo-pod, as there's no other way to know if there's anybody or anything inside. Fortunately, it's empty. Shaking the magazines turns out to be a fruitless task as well.

Tiak inspects the shirt. Its pockets are empty, to begin with. Regarding the stains, yes, the scent is unmistakable, it's blood. It's not fresh, though, and the bed seems to be perfectly clean.

Tiak grabs the note and reads it. It seems to some sort of mission report. And only part of it, it lacks the required date and signature of the officer in charge. But what can be read is pretty brief:

"consider the mission a success. Alpha Creature has been restrained and stored in biological compartment XESE. Waiting for orbital transport in evac point. Once in the ship, preliminary studies and experiments will take place."
>>
No. 246892 ID: 1854db

>>246891
So the doctor is in charge of the green goo creature. He lied when he said he didn't know what the green stuff was on the container. May as well keep the note to prove he's involved with it.

Next room! Man, the crew quarters are really profitable in terms of evidence!
>>
No. 246911 ID: c16ebe

>Keep the note to prove the doctor's involvement
>Lacking signature of the officer
>Colonel suspicious of Tiak

... This can easily backfire here.
>>
No. 246916 ID: 1854db

Wait a second. Bloody shirt means he was in close proximity with a bleeding person. The only ones we know of like that are the murder victims. It's not fresh blood so that leaves out the janitor... it would be either the first or second bodies we found... and the second body was kiilled via laser and not moved.

The doctor was involved in the first murder! That's why his examination of the body didn't quite make sense, considering other evidence. That headless corpse is NOT MIKOS. Who is it though? And where's Mikos? Is he the one that's been planting bombs and shot at us with a turret?

On the other hand the bloody shirt could be easily explained if the doctor moved the body away to dispose of it himself. In the morgue or something. Is there a morgue? Where are the corpses being stored anyway?
>>
No. 246918 ID: 6550ad
File 128778414791.png - (144.96KB , 1000x750 , 482.png )
246918

Tiak Proceeds to the next door, Room D.

This one appears to be unoccupied too, no personal belongings of any kind to be seen. Although there are signs pointing out that someone has spent some time here. There's a magazine and the remains of a bag of snacks on the bed.

>>246916

There's no morgue in this ship, to Tiak's knowledge, and he has no clue about where the corpses are being stored. Tiak should ask somebody about that.
>>
No. 246919 ID: 1854db

>>246918
Check under the bed, find out what magazine that is, check in the pod, and determine what brand of snacks those are.

I assume you're looking under the desks too.
>>
No. 246952 ID: 6550ad
File 128779509147.png - (178.59KB , 1000x750 , 483.png )
246952

Tiak looks under the desk, the bed, and inside the cryo-pod, without finding anything of interest.

He decides to check out the magazine. It's Maurian, and It's the complete opposite of the ones he found in the doctor's room. it's a well known sensationalist magazine, filled with conspiracy theories and ridiculous claims.
In the front page there's an amalgam of headlines for some of the crazy stories inside the magazine. "Human ship sighted in Sr' avo 2! The planet is in shock", "Sinarri Guru claims to have perfected the Hyperjump Travel thanks to meditation." "Scientists all over the galaxy disappear without a trace." and "Are the Zorevias building a Doomsday device?"

Focusing now on the snacks, Tiak realizes that is a bag of Noblettos, dried and spiced eggs of Nobblets. It's not bad, but not one of Tiak's favorites. Tiak takes some of the crumbs over the bed and puts them in his mouth. They're starting to taste stale. They must have been there at least for a day.
>>
No. 246955 ID: 2563d4

>>246952
Hunh. And yet the Janitor has his bed in his janitorial closet.

Next, I guess. Wasn't E Trake's, which we've seen fairly recently?
>>
No. 247002 ID: 701a19

>>246916
Mongro moved the corpses.
>>
No. 247033 ID: 70e5c6

>>246916
The doctor has examined every body so far, so it's possible the blood could be from that. But it *is* a little suspicious that he would be so sloppy about examining the bodies that he would get blood all over himself, especially since Mongro was supposedly the one doing all the body moving. I'd be curious to see if any of that blood belonged to the Janitor, but the only one who has access to the scanning tech is the doctor himself.

As for this room, >>246919 sounds fine.
>>
No. 247047 ID: 6550ad
File 128782177095.png - (182.04KB , 1000x750 , 484.png )
247047

Tiak moves to room E, Trake's room.

It doesn't look like anything has changed since the last time he visited it.
>>
No. 247048 ID: 64e47f

>>247047
Wouldn't it be funny to find Trake's head in his cryo-pod?
>>
No. 247051 ID: 1854db

>>247047
I don't think we checked under the bed or the desk last time. Or in the pod.
>>
No. 247053 ID: 6550ad
File 12878272685.png - (175.55KB , 1000x750 , 485.png )
247053

Tiak looks under the desk and the bed, with no result.

Then he opens the cryo-pod, almost expecting to find Trake's head inside. That's... not exactly what he finds.

Well, at least now he knows where is THIS body stored.
>>
No. 247054 ID: 1854db

>>247053
...wait a second, there are blood trails going left but his right sleeve is stained with blood? How did THAT happen?
>>
No. 247055 ID: 1854db

>>247054
Oh nevermind it's because he bled out for a little while then moved around in order to write the message on the wall.
>>
No. 247056 ID: 1854db

>>247055
>wall
I mean floor.

Anyway we've seen everything in here. Close the pod and let's go to the next room... unless there's something new in the box?
>>
No. 247121 ID: 6550ad
File 128785998116.png - (141.76KB , 1000x750 , 486.png )
247121

Tiak checks the open box, but it's completely empty.

Tiak is about to open the last room, the one belonging to the barman, but he stops just when he's about to slide the card over the slot.

The faint sound of metal against metal, a soft tinkling coming through the door. Yeah, he can hear someone inside.
>>
No. 247123 ID: 1854db

Oh, we're out of doors. Okay, let's go back to Engineering and wait.
>>
No. 247126 ID: 2563d4

>>247121
Well, those are odd noises, but we don't really want to barge in on the Barman. Have a listen, I guess. Turn around so you can see people approach.
>>
No. 247226 ID: 6550ad
File 128787454344.png - (227.92KB , 1000x750 , 487.png )
247226

Tiak listens carefully, but he's unable to identify what's the barman doing inside the room just by the sounds. At some point, he's able to hear the sound of the chair being dragged, a few footsteps, pages being turned, then back to the chair.

Tiak finally leaves the Crew Quarters and heads back to Engineering, but Mongro isn't around this area. Tiak doesn't know how much time has passed and wonders if he should head to the Sinarri's room to see if he's done with copying the key, or if he should do something else for the moment being.
>>
No. 247229 ID: 2563d4

>>247226
Any interesting junk on that table?

Else Mongro I guess.
>>
No. 247251 ID: 1854db

>>247226
Poke your head into the atmospherics room thing. Remember that we took the bomb from there once... it could've been placed there again.
>>
No. 247457 ID: 6550ad
File 128791668490.png - (157.41KB , 1000x750 , 488.png )
247457

The workbench has a collection of pieces of metal and an electronic device that looks like a paperweight with spikes. Nothing of that seems really useful

Tiak checks out the Atmospheric Control room, but there aren't any noticeable changes in it. No bombs, at least.
>>
No. 247459 ID: 6550ad
File 128791673573.png - (265.41KB , 1000x750 , 489.png )
247459

As he turns his back around and is about to head to Mongro's room, the Sinarri crosses the door across the room, carrying the backpack with him.

>There you are, I knew you would be around. Quick, get your stuff. I gotta put this thing back where I found it, if the Colonel finds it laying around here, I'm gonna get in serious troubles.

Tiak retrieves all the stuff from the bag. He thinks that there are some articles missing, but it feels good to have his PDA and his weapon back.

>I also made you another copy of the Zero Deck key. It's the last time I do it, so don't go losing it again!

Tiak doesn't have any free slot in his inventory to store the Zero Deck Key! He's going to have to drop something else if he wants to make room for it.
>>
No. 247465 ID: 701a19

>>247459
Wrap the paper note around the keycards to create a KEYCARD SANDWICH.
Also, say hello to the glowing red thing in the vent.
>>
No. 247466 ID: 1854db

>>247459
Hand over the mainframe part. And ask if all the bodies are in their respective beds. Also tell him the Janitor's dead. Head's removed, just like the others.
>>
No. 247467 ID: 1854db

...for the love of god don't phrase it as if we killed him.
>>
No. 247471 ID: 1854db

>>247465
...wait a second, that's probably our security camera. Who the hell's controlling it, and how?
>>
No. 247480 ID: d31d54

Tell Mongro you're being watched by a security camera from the vent behind them. Tell him not to make any sudden movements. Tell him it may start shooting. Ask him what he thinks should be done.
Make sure to remain casual, so that the person operating the camera would not know he's been spotted.
>>
No. 247486 ID: 6550ad
File 128792329814.png - (245.64KB , 1000x750 , 490.png )
247486

Tiak wraps up the note over the key card to make room for the Zero Deck key. He should do something about his inventory soon anyways, his pockets are full, which is very impractical for someone with such a kleptomaniac tendencies as Tiak.

Don't look now, but there's a servo camera spying on us in the vents up there. It might have a gun installed and it might shoot at us in any moment.

>What?

Mongro disobeys Tiak's command and looks over his shoulder. Tiak can't help but to look up there too, but there's nothing to be seen. No glowing lights or anything. Mongro remains staring at the ventilation shaft for a few more seconds before shaking his head.

>I don't have time for this kind of paranoia, I gotta put this bag back to its place. You're on your own now.

But...

Mongro hastily leaves the room, before Tiak has time to tell him about the Janitor's corpse or anything else.

Hmm, was that really my camera?

Tiak checks on his PDA and he realizes that he's still receiving signal from the servo-camera. The visual input in real time is pretty clear. His camera is still lodged in the ventilation shaft over the Captain's office! The Captain himself is there at the moment. He appears to be reading some papers, but Tiak can't make out what do they say from there.
>>
No. 247487 ID: 1854db

>>247486
Let's get the hell out of here. Find Zira again, and hand her the mainframe part so she can deliver it to Mongro.
>>
No. 247488 ID: 5c4201

wait a second... what if your feed was turned into a closed loop? enter the vents in another area and crawl to it.
>>
No. 247516 ID: 6550ad
File 128793734642.png - (161.17KB , 1000x750 , 491.png )
247516

Tiak walks over the corridor leading to the Janitor's room, where is easier to climb into the vents, if he wanted to. Although to get to his camera he would have to get to the Upper Deck, and he could only do that using the elevator.

And there, climbing down the vents, he finds Zira.

Hey! Had any luck?

>I'm sorry, but no. He's been the whole time turning his back to the vents, and when he finally opened the box, whatever he found inside he put it in his pocket. I couldn't catch even a glimpse of it. Although I could see that he has a little electronic device he connects to his PDA that allows him to copy keys from small sheets of metal.

Aha. Nothing else?

>No. And I'm glad I got out of those vents, I was starting to freak out. Half the time I felt like I wasn't alone up there. Like something was watching me. There was this freaky buzzing sound, very faint, but it was there. And sometimes I could see a red glimpse just around a corner, or a shadow moving out of my sight.

Unnerving... Anyways, thanks for helping me out. Just a last favor for now.

>As long as it doesn't involve crawling through the tubes again!

No, it's pretty easy. Next time you see Mongro, give him this thing, tell him it's from me.

Tiak hands her the mainframe part he recently found.

>Alright, easy enough. I have to leave you alone for now, I gotta get myself a drink and crash for a few in my room. Good luck!
>>
No. 247524 ID: 1854db

>>247516
Let's get in the vents. We will find that thing and we will find out what it is. We need a plan though... Oh, if we can find some way to obstruct the vents we can just chase it in a circle until it's cornered.

Hmm. How about you remove a vent cover then wedge it in sideways inside the vent?
>>
No. 247536 ID: fba40f

>>247524
That is a brilliant idea.
>>
No. 247539 ID: 2563d4

>>247516
(Hmm. Isn't that the cutting tool Mongro has been after? :3c )

Hide somewhere. A vent will do. Read the crew files you downloaded to your PDA.
>>
No. 247638 ID: 383006

>>247539
this
>>
No. 248014 ID: 6550ad
File 128804009791.png - (173.35KB , 1000x750 , 492.png )
248014

Tiak crawls into the vents and makes sort of a barrier with the vent cover, not sure to what purpose. He tries to get as comfortable as possible in his little corner and starts reading the crew files downloaded in his PDA.
>>
No. 248015 ID: 6550ad
File 128804012675.png - (65.59KB , 1000x750 , 493.png )
248015

>>
No. 248016 ID: 6550ad
File 128804014640.png - (41.92KB , 1000x750 , 494.png )
248016

>>
No. 248017 ID: 6550ad
File 128804016467.png - (81.88KB , 1000x750 , 495.png )
248017

>>
No. 248018 ID: 6550ad
File 128804018233.png - (53.20KB , 1000x750 , 496.png )
248018

>>
No. 248019 ID: 6550ad
File 128804020581.png - (59.41KB , 1000x750 , 497.png )
248019

>>
No. 248020 ID: 6550ad
File 128804025754.png - (71.52KB , 1000x750 , 498.png )
248020

Bzzzzzzt
>>
No. 248021 ID: 6550ad
File 12880402858.png - (52.07KB , 1000x750 , 499.png )
248021

>>
No. 248022 ID: 6550ad
File 128804032391.png - (50.29KB , 1000x750 , 500.png )
248022

Wait, what? This can't be right.
>>
No. 248024 ID: 1854db

>>248022
Huh, that is odd. What's also odd is that the Physician's data is erased. He looks VERY suspicious now.
>>
No. 248025 ID: 6834bc

>>248022
Think back about when you got the assignment for this job. Did it come unexpectedly, shortly before the flight was scheduled to take off, or did it come with advance warning/ample preparation time?

Regardless of the case, who contacted you about it? Someone made sure that you were on this flight in Bounent's place.

>>248024
Things aren't looking too great for the doc, yeah.
...What was that buzzing when you checked Mat's file?

Also, do we have a copy of the crew manifest? Was that in the files downloaded to the PDA? If we do, it might be a good idea to check that, as well.
>>
No. 248029 ID: fd6d7e

There were three embarking locations, Noboria 3, Intersection 36F and intersection 46F. All but three embarked at 36F. Mongro embarked at Noboria 3. And both head engineer and head of security embarked at 46F. You did embark at 46F right? What was the order of embarking, I'm guessing 36F, 46F then a stop at Noboria 3 to pick up Mongro?

Mongro might be more useful than we thought. If he's familiar with guerilla warfare he probably knows very well not to go blabbing about what he's up to with you and the others. It also makes it highly likely that he did in fact know about the laser rifle. I wouldn't even verify that; just assume he does, and is indeed planning to use it. As for the Doc that guy gives me a very bad feeling. If we could get the manifest for the two lizard snakes onboard and they don't have "missing data" then I would say you can safely assume you were right in taking the doctor's key. Something seriously fishy is going on with him.
>>
No. 248032 ID: 2563d4

>>248020
...Bzzzzzzt?

>>248022
Right. Passenger roster. Colonel in particular.
>>
No. 248046 ID: 6550ad
File 128804585664.png - (36.07KB , 1000x750 , 501.png )
248046

Tiak tries to remember the details about his assignment. It was a last minute announcement, they commanded him to embark the Sparrow 12 just a few minutes before the scheduled time of departure. Maybe the bureaucrats messed up the assignments.

>>248029

No, Tiak embarked at Intersection 36F!

The Intersections are colossal spaceports with technology to open the wormholes necessary for the hyperjump travel. Tiak tries to remember the flight route.

The ship came from Inter. 46 F, stopped at 36 F , where Tiak embarked, and it's currently on route to Tinosa 2.

Tiak doesn't know where the ship came from before arriving to the Intersections, but he deduces that it's probably from the planet Noboria 3. Which means that Mongro has been aboard this ship for a longer time than anyone else.
>>
No. 248048 ID: 6550ad
File 128804599413.png - (194.62KB , 1000x750 , 502.png )
248048

Tiak didn't get to copy the Passenger roster, but the list didn't give additional details about the passengers, other than their room number.

Tiak then notices the faint buzzing sound near him, and looks up from his PDA.

Uhh...
>>
No. 248057 ID: 1854db

...I think that Atuk is still on board. Question is, is he alive?

A.S.C.E mean anything to you? Ask if they can talk to you through that thing, while slowly putting a hand on your gun.
>>
No. 248058 ID: 1854db

...wait, that was on the papers we took from the captain's desk! SHOOT IT!
>>
No. 248289 ID: fd6d7e

Looks like you're not the only one with a servo-cam here. Wave to the nice surveiller.
>>
No. 248430 ID: 6550ad
File 128809781522.png - (111.81KB , 1000x750 , 503.png )
248430

Tiak reacts promptly, but in the couple of seconds it takes him to put the PDA down and pull his weapon out of the holster, the camera has turned around to flee from him.

Without any source of light ,it's pitch black inside the vent, so it's impossible to aim at the hovering device.
>>
No. 248431 ID: 2563d4

>>248430
Right. Move before the person controlling it comes after you.
>>
No. 248432 ID: b49e6f

>>248430
Bastard. Crawl to the vents near the toilets, but don't come out of it yet.
>>
No. 248469 ID: 6550ad
File 128811379857.png - (96.75KB , 1000x750 , 504.png )
248469

Tiak crawls to the vents near the toilets and waits.

Minutes pass, but neither the little camera, nor anyone else comes by.
>>
No. 248474 ID: 1854db

>>248469
Alright let's get out of the vents now and go back to Zero Deck to explore some more. Also let's ditch some crap. Get rid of the burnt out flashlight and fuse. Just leave them on the engineer's table.
>>
No. 248511 ID: 6550ad
File 128812447879.png - (111.79KB , 1000x750 , 505.png )
248511

Tiak jumps down from the vents and leaves the fuses on the Engineer's table. The flashlight still works, Tiak recharged it.

He takes the elevator and in a moment he finds himself again in the Zero Deck. Where should he go now?
>>
No. 248524 ID: 70e5c6

>>248511
Make sure gun is set to STUN.

Carefully move to VIP Quarters.

Trake's notes mentioned something about "quarters" right before he was shot. I'm going to assume that whoever is using the hazmat suit is probably staying (sleeping) in either the VIP or passenger/crew quarters in Zero Deck when they're not up and about. If we can find out where they've been hiding, we might be able to A) catch them unaware, or B) investigate them while they're away and set up an ambush if necessary.
>>
No. 248594 ID: 1854db

>>248511
OH! While we're down here find a good, contained location to release a green goo droplet to see where it wants to go.
>>
No. 248815 ID: 6550ad
File 128817095094.png - (171.07KB , 1000x750 , 506.png )
248815

Tiak follows the corridors towards the V.I.P. Quarters

>>248594

Hard to find a contained location down here. Tiak hasn't seen an actual door so far, all the rooms are gapingly open. They probably removed the doors in order to recycle them.
>>
No. 248816 ID: 6550ad
File 128817101159.png - (144.38KB , 1000x750 , 507.png )
248816

Tiak enters the V.I.P. Quarters. It's a small room, filled with a bunch of cryo-pods. For the look of them, none is in functioning conditions anymore.

This must be where the scientists, politicians, leaders and researchers were in cryogenic sleep during the long, long space travels, while the rest of the crew had to spend most of their lives crowd together in the rest of the ship.

Those were tough times.
>>
No. 248825 ID: 5c4201

check the closed ones for hidden things.
>>
No. 248827 ID: 701a19

>>248816
There appears to be an intact one on the upper level.
>>
No. 248859 ID: 6550ad
File 128819172492.png - (121.62KB , 1000x750 , 508.png )
248859

All the pods seem to be broken, but one of them still has the door intact, on the upper level.

But the door won't slide open. It's like something is blocking it from the other side.
>>
No. 248860 ID: 701a19

>>248859
Odd.

Well, you have a screwdriver, a hammer, and a plasma cutter. Take your pick and get it open.
Oh, and you're going to find something completely horrible inside.
>>
No. 248861 ID: adff72

>>248859
Just break it open.
>>
No. 248862 ID: 6f7b37

>>248859
You must apply FORCE to the DOOR via MUSCLE CONTRACTION.
>>
No. 248877 ID: 6550ad
File 128820346819.png - (199.92KB , 1000x750 , 509.png )
248877

Tiak starts pounding the glass door of the pod with the hammer. After a few hits, the surface commences to shatter. Tiak notices something curious. For a moment he believes to detect a slight hint of a metallic tinkling along with the sound of broken glass.

It will only take a few more hits to break it open.
>>
No. 248879 ID: 1854db

>>248877
Stop, stop! You're breaking something in there. pry some loose bits of glass off with the screwdriver, carefully.
>>
No. 248885 ID: 1854db

...maybe the pliers would work too.
>>
No. 248957 ID: 6550ad
File 128821860347.gif - (113.27KB , 1000x750 , 510.gif )
248957

[Animated]

Tiak carefully uses his screwdriver to pry a piece of shattered glass off the pod. Now he can see what's inside.

Curious, there is a blinking red light inside. And the tinkling noise is still there.
>>
No. 248961 ID: 2563d4

>>248957
Thaaaaaat's probably not good.

Get the rest of that glass off quick. If it's going to blow up or something you've got much bigger problems in an area of the ship with no doors.
>>
No. 248977 ID: fba40f

>>248957
Get out of there!
>>
No. 249049 ID: 70e5c6

>>248957
Can you get a better look at it now? Maybe see some more of it looking in? It doesn't look like a bomb, does it? :C

Maybe a robot of some sort?

Let's prep gun and back away for now... perhaps duck around a door frame? If it doesn't do anything in the next minute, continue removing glass to get a better look.
>>
No. 249299 ID: 6550ad
File 128827875427.png - (270.14KB , 1000x750 , 511.png )
249299

Tiak moves to the side of the pod just a second before the glass bursts with a deafening sound, and a spray of shiny metallic forms fly through the broken door.

Tiak dodges most of the projectiles, but not all of them, as the piercing pain in his right arm seems to suggest.

AhhFFFFFF...!
>>
No. 249302 ID: 18610a

apply hammer to it's face.
>>
No. 249316 ID: 1854db

Screw the hammer, get out your laser.
>>
No. 249328 ID: 701a19

>>249299
Is it out of weapons?
If it is then take it prisoner, put it in your inventory, and start showing it to people and asking if they have any clue what it is.
>>
No. 249329 ID: 198bf8

Fuck, right, fucking ROBOT ASSASSIN alright...
FUCK
Is literally everything out here trying to get us? Jesus Christ.

Ahem, anyway: If you still got a grip on the hammer, use it to smash smash SMASH and aim for the red thing on the head. It might be sensors.

If the hammer isn't available anymore, hug the wall right beside the pod and draw your gun.
>>
No. 249340 ID: dad664

>>249299
ROBOT IS ONLINE. REVIEWING PRIMARY DIRECTIVES.

1) DESTROY SPARROW SHIP CREW.
2) DESTROY SPARROW SHIP SYSTEMS.

CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY!
>>
No. 249343 ID: 2563d4

>>249299
Bludgeon it stupid with whatever comes first to hand. Unless you can make that your pistol. Then zap it stupid.
>>
No. 249345 ID: 6550ad
File 128829369233.png - (232.73KB , 1000x750 , 512.png )
249345

Tiak smashes the head of the thing with the hammer as hard as he's able to. The mechanic assailant whizzes for a moment and then finally stops making any sounds, lights or movements.

Now Tiak has a moment to take a good look at it. It's a sentry droid. Or part of it, it doesn't seem to have any legs and it's just welded to the sides of the pod. It's just a cheap trap, waiting for someone to open the pod to get a face full of sharp blades.

Fortunately, Tiak jumped out of the way just in time, and got out with just a scratch. It hurts, but nothing serious. The trap was pretty generic in its nature and wasn't thought to be used against creatures with a hard carapace like Maurians. An individual of a different species would've had his arm nearly cut in half.
>>
No. 249346 ID: 1854db

>>249345
Interesting. The war continues, even in here. Can you salvage anything from the droid? Take it apart or something?
>>
No. 249347 ID: 701a19

>>249345
See if anything is on the floor of the pod.
Then cut the welds on it and take it to Mongro.
>>
No. 249405 ID: fd6d7e

Huh, so those blades are better designed to take out lizard snakes or uh... wolfmothdudes, where the blade can cut their vital organs and lodge in their internal carapace. Too bad those count among your allies at the moment. Except that one guy, if he ever gets word that you bumped uglies with his sweetie pie. Still, doesn't look like anything but a mechanical clamp could safely hold them. Probably best to let sleeping drones lie.
>>
No. 249433 ID: e9f6d1

check the thing
no one booby traps an empty box.
>>
No. 249456 ID: 6550ad
File 128831107559.png - (204.79KB , 1000x750 , 513.png )
249456

Tiak checks inside the pod. Besides the broken bot, he finds a tiny computer part. It looks like one of the mainframe lost parts, so he pockets it.

Regarding the droid, Tiak could easily break it into pieces with any of his many tools, but he lacks the mechanic skills to salvage anything useful from it, or use the spare parts for other purposes.

If he wanted to take the droid with him, it would be easy to detach it from the pod. However, it's too large and heavy for Tiak to keep it in his inventory. He would have to carry it around on his arms.
>>
No. 249461 ID: 1854db

Well we just made a shitload of noise, so let's get moving.
>>
No. 249491 ID: 6550ad
File 128831702329.png - (127.55KB , 1000x750 , 514.png )
249491

Tiak exits the V.I.P. Quarters and wonders where should he venture next.
>>
No. 249492 ID: 1854db

I want to go try to get the dangling mainframe part by using the coathanger as a hook.
>>
No. 249496 ID: 70e5c6

>>249492
I have no problem with this. But keep aware of people trying to sneak up on you while doing so. :V
>>
No. 249593 ID: 6550ad
File 128834082673.png - (152.65KB , 1000x750 , 515.png )
249593

Tiak tries to grab the dangling piece of mainframe with the hanger, but he can't succeed.

The flaw in this plan is that the coat hanger isn't longer than the Sinarri tool, but even shorter. The suspended object is still out of reach.
>>
No. 249595 ID: 701a19

>>249593
Is that a paper-wrapped wire hanger? If so, then unwrap it and bend it out into a long hook
>>
No. 249598 ID: e31d52

Wait wait what does the tool do? Maybe we can cut through the thing holding up the thing, holding the yellow thing as far down as we can while cutting it as close to us as we can and then we, haha, have the hanging thing.
>>
No. 249611 ID: 6550ad
File 128834615774.png - (120.98KB , 1000x750 , 516.png )
249611

Tiak bends the hanger, turning it into a thin, long hook. With it, Tiak finally pulls up the part of the mainframe.

Unfortunately, in the last moment the former hanger slips from his hand and falls into the dark gap.
>>
No. 249613 ID: e31d52

>>249611
Noooooooooooooo comrade hanger
>>
No. 249622 ID: 2563d4

>>249611
Well, damn, I think that just made the game unwinnable.

Go throw the parts at Mongro before someone manages to steal them off you again. Tell him about the broken maintenance bot, too.
>>
No. 249657 ID: 1854db

Don't know where Mongro is. Let's go to the CARGO room next.
>>
No. 249666 ID: 4ef8a9

We must mourn for comrade hanger, for he has gone above and beyond the call of duty. Perhaps we shall find his next of kin to notify. ...and then to put into service.

>>249622
Sentry droid. Not a maintenance bot. There IS a difference.
>>
No. 249669 ID: 2563d4

>>249666
I misread "mechanic assailant" as "assistant". So, don't tell Mongro.
>>
No. 249690 ID: 6550ad
File 128836372529.png - (180.19KB , 1000x750 , 517.png )
249690

Tiak walks through the door with the "Cargo" sign over it, and after a short corridor he finds... not the old cargo bay, actually!

Looks like a small antechamber. Across the room Tiak can see another entrance, but this one is closed, an armored door blocking the way.

Tiak finds it curious: The door seems way newer than the rest of the abandoned Zero Deck. Not only that, the door is connected to a functioning key card reader. The reader looks recently installed as well.
>>
No. 249691 ID: 1854db

>>249690
That's... a BLUE KEYCARD READER. We should tell Mongro what it goes to and ask for the keycard back. (kinda wish we had kept it now)
>>
No. 249692 ID: 701a19

>>249622
What? No, this is standard for adventure games.
Once you use an item how it was intended, some contrivance immediately occurs to remove the object from you.
If you notice, you'll see that Tiak got the mainframe piece. All is well.

Alright, get that piece to Mongro. Now it's time to go stun the Captain, drag him someplace where he'll think it's just the two of you, gather up some witnesses, and Punisher everything he knows out of him.
Don't forget to bring the incriminating papers so you can show him you know he's not legit, and prepare to read that nice little line from his official file.
Oh, and ask him what happened to the security officer who was supposed to board the stop before yours.

That's actually pretty damn solid proof that you're innocent - you didn't even know the ship was in the station until minutes before it left, your superior officers knew you didn't know about it, and the captain knew you didn't know about it.
He knows that it's impossible for you to have planned or prepared anything before boarding, ergo he would know that you couldn't possibly have been behind all this carefully planned and orchestrated murder and sabotage.

>>249690
Try every key you have on it.
>>
No. 249698 ID: 2563d4

>>249690
I take it the cutting tool is going to be ineffective agains that. Go find Mongro.

>>249692
I don't know if you've somehow missed this, but Tiak is not Frank Castle.
>>
No. 249699 ID: 1854db

Oh wait, I have a better idea. Can't we just blow up the fucking door with the HER?
>>
No. 249752 ID: 6550ad
File 128837637081.png - (239.00KB , 1000x750 , 518.png )
249752

Tiak tries the only key card he currently has, the Janitor's card, but it doesn't work. The small Sinarri cutter wouldn't be able to cut through that either.

>>249699

Tiak doesn't think that using the H.E.R. would be an advisable plan. There's two possible outcomes: Either the door is so heavily armored not even the H.E.R can pierce through it, or the rifle can actually fire through the door, in which case the beam would keep going through every wall of the ship, creating a beautiful gap to open space in the middle of an hyperjump travel.

Tiak backtracks and gets on the elevator back to the Lower Deck. The coast seems to be clear. Where should he start looking for Mongro?
>>
No. 249767 ID: 1854db

>>249752
Engineering of course. Be very careful and keep your gun out so you can use the stun function in case the Colonel is here.
>>
No. 249867 ID: 6550ad
File 128839807349.png - (334.27KB , 1000x750 , 519.png )
249867

Tiak looks around engineering without any positive result. Until he gets in the mainframe room, where he notices a piece of paper stuck to Mongro's room door.

It says "I'm sleeping. Come back later."
>>
No. 249915 ID: 1854db

>>249867
Damn. Well, we can just crawl into the vent and leave the parts in there... but I think he would likely wake up and shoot us or something.

Instead... Let's go back to zero deck, and release a drop of goo. Then we follow it.
>>
No. 249927 ID: fba40f

>>249867
Leave the parts there.
>>
No. 249930 ID: 1854db

>>249927
Uh I would advise against that, what with how our stuff keeps getting stolen even when we hide it.
>>
No. 249944 ID: f4963f

Keep parts until we see Mongro again. We need to genre savvy this up.
>>
No. 250113 ID: 6550ad
File 128844519315.png - (231.62KB , 1000x750 , 520.png )
250113

Triak decides not to leave the mainframe parts around here, nor sneak into the Sinarri's room while he's asleep. Instead he decides to go back to the Zero Deck and do some tests with the glowing green goo.

But he stops in place before crossing the room to the main lobby of the Lower Deck, just as he sees someone getting inside the elevator. It's the Colonel. Fortunately, he didn't see Tiak. And it looks like he's going up.
>>
No. 250156 ID: 2563d4

>>250113
...interesting. Go look at Matt's room again. Watch your back.
>>
No. 250290 ID: 6550ad
File 128846814836.png - (142.21KB , 1000x750 , 521.png )
250290

Tiak goes to check out the Janitor's room. But it doesn't look like the body has been moved.
>>
No. 250296 ID: 2563d4

>>250290
I...guess perhaps he was just using the toilets then? :|

In lieu of any better ideas, resume >>249915
>>
No. 250298 ID: 1854db

>>250290
Oh! Get into a vent again and look at the PDA's footage of the captain's office. The colonel could be visiting him.
>>
No. 250346 ID: 6550ad
File 128847921528.png - (242.50KB , 1000x750 , 522.png )
250346

Tiak doesn't need to hide in the vents to check the Captain quarters status, he only needs a couple of seconds to consult his PDA. And no trace of the Coroner, nor the Captain. The room (or what's visible of it) seem to be empty at the moment.

Tiak sneaks back to the elevators, but from the door in the corridor he discovers that there's someone in the lobby. It's Yery.

She's walking back and forth and seems rather preoccupied.
>>
No. 250352 ID: 1854db

>>250346
Wait next to the door and eavesdrop.
>>
No. 250433 ID: 6550ad
File 12884894645.png - (146.75KB , 1000x750 , 523.png )
250433

Tiak waits next to the wall and tries to eavesdrop whatever might be happening in the other room. But it isn't much. Yery walks around some more, looking absent-minded and kind of worried.

She mutters something to herself, but TIak isn't able to make out what does she say. For a moment, she looks like she's going to go in Engineering, but then she thinks twice about it and stays in the room.
>>
No. 250444 ID: 2563d4

>>250433
Well, keep waiting. Perhaps she has some reason to bother Mongro or something? If she comes your way, hide in the gents'.
>>
No. 250473 ID: 701a19

>>250433
This could be a trap set by the colonel. Move through the vents to engineering, then approach her from that direction.
>>
No. 250482 ID: 1854db

Yeah, this is definitely a trap. Instead of walking in there so that the colonel can open the elevator doors and hold you at gunpoint, call her over out of the room.
>>
No. 250591 ID: fba40f

>>250433
It's probably a trap. I support quietly calling her over to the doorway, that way you can't be ambushed from the elevator.
>>
No. 250619 ID: 6550ad
File 128854300431.png - (254.58KB , 1000x750 , 524.png )
250619

Tiak gets into the the vents and crawls over the Engineering room. From there, he calls Yery over from the door. The chemistry student was about to take the elevator and leave, but she notices Tiak and runs into Engineering with him.

>Tiak! I've been looking for you everywhere! Was about to give up.

Alright, alright, calm down, what's the matter?

>Well... It's not that important, but I didn't want to keep it, what if they call me a thief, but I didn't know what to do with it and you are the security officer so...

Why don't you start from the beginning?

>Ok, ok... So like, half an hour ago I was in my room and was going to head outside to get some fresh air, figuratively speaking. But I heard people talking outside, so I just slightly opened the door an peeked through it. It was that Sinarri crew member, and that other guy with a blue MSF uniform like yours. Only that he yells way more than you.

>He was accusing the Sinarri of hiding stuff from him! I didn't get what were they talking about and what stuff was that, but both of them were pretty angry, the mean security guy almost tried to arrest the Sinarri, who almost tried to knock him out!

>After a while they calmed down and went away, but during the short struggle I noticed that the Sinarri guy dropped something. I picked it up, but I didn't know what to do with it! What if it's important? But I don't know where the Sinarri guy is, and I don't want to give it to the other one, he looks like a jerk. So I thought about you, because you're the chief of security, after all! But couldn't find you anywhere until I came here.

...I feel like my head is gonna blow. So what did Mongro drop?

>Oh, of course.
>>
No. 250620 ID: 6550ad
File 128854306352.png - (62.82KB , 1000x750 , 525.png )
250620

Yery hands Tiak a small electronic device. It seems to be off at the moment. It's light, has a touch screen, and a card slot on one of its sides.
>>
No. 250621 ID: 31e5bb

... try putting a card in it.
>>
No. 250623 ID: 926a20

>>250620
Don't try operating it just yet. Thank Yeri and commend her goodwill. Tell her Mongro's sleeping now, and that you'll give it to him as soon as he wakes up.

Ask if that's all. If it is, excuse yourself and walk further into engineering. Get into a vent ASAP to figure this card reader out.
>>
No. 250624 ID: fba40f

>>250620
I suspect that's what Mongro uses to reprogram cards with. If it is, it is one of the most valuable objects in the whole ship.
>>
No. 250654 ID: 1854db

>>250620
Tell her you will make sure that the item is returned to its rightful owner.
>>
No. 250655 ID: 6550ad
File 128855322789.png - (101.56KB , 1000x750 , 526.png )
250655

Alright, I'll give it to Mongro as soon as I find him. Is that all?

>Yep!

Very well, thanks for your troubles, Yery. I'll see you later.

>Just trying to do the right thing. See ya!

She nods happily and scampers to the elevator. Meanwhile Tiak gets into the vents and sits there, turning the device on. Whatever this thing does, it seems to be pretty limited in its functions.
>>
No. 250657 ID: 2563d4

>>250655
Hmm. The only card we have now is the Janitor's?

Stick it in the slot and hit "new" on File 3. Least likely to overwrite it if it's a card programmer. With luck, 1 or 2 will be that blue card.
>>
No. 250660 ID: 1854db

I don't think we should fuck with the only card we have. If we can get a second one, sure.
>>
No. 250672 ID: 926a20

Seconding >>250657. Making a copy harms nothing.
>>
No. 250684 ID: fba40f

>>250672
Unless the new card has limited permissions, in which case we're hosed. Try pressing "New" without putting a card in.
>>
No. 250686 ID: 2563d4

>>250684
My interpretation is that "New" will create a new file in the device's memory by reading the card, whereas "Copy" will write from memory to the card (and delete frees up a slot to read another card). If "New" wrote some kind of blank image to a card, it wouldn't make sense to associate it with a specific file on the device.
>>
No. 250696 ID: 70e5c6

>>250655
I'm also agreeing that "New" probably saves the current card, "Copy" probably overwrites, etc.

Tiak, if you know where to get spare keycard blanks, now would be the time.

Otherwise, I suggest:
- Go back to Zero Deck.
- Go to giant door with keycard reader.
- Insert Janitor's card into Mongro's device and press "New" (to save it)
- Select "copy" on file 1
- Try keycard in door
- If that doesn't work, try file 2
- If THAT doesn't work, reset to file 3 and be on our merry way again :/
>>
No. 250708 ID: 6550ad
File 12885614857.png - (112.29KB , 1000x750 , 527.png )
250708

Tiak inserts the Janitor's key card in the slot and presses the "new" option in the "File 3".
After a couple of seconds, the machine emits a satisfactory "beep beep", and the new file is created.

Yeah, Tiak thinks that he just saved the Janitor's card in the device's memory.

>>250696

Tiak hasn't seen any place to get blank key cards in all the time he has spent wandering through the Sparrow.

But he could try and do the rest of that.
>>
No. 250710 ID: 1854db

>>250708
Okay this thing? Is AWESOME. Go back to Zero Deck and get to that locked door, then try File 1 and File 2. Mongro may have copied the blue card! It's pretty likely, actually!
>>
No. 250731 ID: f4963f

>>250710
Oh yes, this is godsend.

Try it, Tiak!
>>
No. 250789 ID: fba40f

>>250708
Yep, most valuable object on the ship.
>>
No. 250812 ID: 6550ad
File 128857517981.png - (98.25KB , 1000x750 , 528.png )
250812

Tiak heads down to the Zero Deck, back into the old cargo bay, where the armored door is.

First, Tiak copies the File 1 into the Janitor's card and tries it out, but it the reader doesn't respond to it.

However, after copying file 2 and sliding the key card through the card slot, the heavy gate finally opens.
>>
No. 250820 ID: 1854db

>>250812
Careful now. Peek around the doorframe to check for an ambush.
>>
No. 251036 ID: 6550ad
File 128862732780.png - (202.99KB , 1000x750 , 529.png )
251036

Tiak peeks around the door frame and he's surprised to discover that this room is not only illuminated, but occupied!

A stranger sitting on a chair gazes back at him.
>>
No. 251041 ID: 31e5bb

walk in and ask who the hell he is.
>>
No. 251044 ID: f4963f

>>251036
Well. He saw the door open, let's not pretend we're not here now. Go ahead and ask him who he is and what he's doing down here.

Try not to be too confrontational just yet.
>>
No. 251051 ID: 9554eb

>>251036
Make sure there's no one behind you first. If there isn't, "'sup."
>>
No. 251053 ID: 2563d4

>>251036
>stranger
So...not Atuk. :/

Step in and close the door behind you.
>>
No. 251055 ID: b397e9

>>251036
Draw gun, jump inside and yell "FREEEEEZE I AM THE LAW."
>>
No. 251072 ID: fba40f

>>251036
Look around for other potential hostiles, enter the room, be ready to draw your gun.
And whatever you do, don't do this:
>>251055
>>
No. 251095 ID: 6550ad
File 128864151121.png - (208.15KB , 1000x750 , 530.png )
251095

Tiak walks into the room, looking over his shoulder first, making sure there's nobody there. There are no controls for the door at this side, he presumes it will close automatically after a while.

The man doesn't flinch or say anything, just keeps reading his book as Tiak approaches him.

Hey. Who are you? And what are you doing down here?

The man doesn't answer , but politely nods and turns another page of his book. After a few seconds, he calmly places a bookmark inside the book, closing it and putting it on the table. Still no answers for Tiak's questions.
>>
No. 251097 ID: 1854db

Right, just draw your pistol and point it at his face, stun enabled. Tell him to answer your questions and not to make any sudden moves.
>>
No. 251101 ID: 2563d4

>>251095
What's the title of the book?
>>
No. 251106 ID: 9554eb

>>251095
"I suppose you're the star of this masquerade?" Ready your pistol, on stun. "Don't get it the wrong way--I'm probably on your side, but prior events left me a little paranoid. Three new scars on this flights alone."

Inquire whether he can't talk. Offer pen and paper, or even the PDA, if he really can't. "What's all this about, then?"
>>
No. 251110 ID: fd6d7e

>>251101

Seconding this.
>>
No. 251161 ID: 6550ad
File 128864963638.png - (218.26KB , 1000x750 , 531.png )
251161

The man put the book upside down, Tiak can't see the title.

Tiak pulls out his gun, sets it on stun and points it at the stranger.

I suppose you're the star of this masquerade? Don't get it the wrong way--I'm probably on your side, but prior events left me a little paranoid. Three new scars on this flights alone.

The man remains silent, staring at Tiak.

You don't want or can't talk? I have paper, and a pen if you want. What's all this about, then?

Not a word. He just takes the smoke between his fingers, rotating it slowly, still staring without producing a sound.
>>
No. 251188 ID: 1854db

Stand there and stare back.
>>
No. 251204 ID: 31e5bb

stare harder then him.
>>
No. 251205 ID: fba40f

>>251161
Stare at him until he starts talking.
>>
No. 251206 ID: 8bf64e

Awright, staring contest!!
>>
No. 251243 ID: 70e5c6

>>251161
Something's going on with his hidden arm. Is he trembling or is he reaching for a weapon or some other sinister thing?

Tiak, how bad would a stun to the face be? Potentially lethal? You may want to consider stun / search / tie up and ask questions before this guy pulls a Han Solo on your ass.
>>
No. 251404 ID: 6550ad
File 128868860297.png - (267.54KB , 1000x750 , 532.png )
251404

>>251243

Shooting someone with the stunner in the head shouldn't be any more harmful than aiming at any other part of the body.

Tiak doesn't talk anymore either and just stares back silently for almost a minute, but the stranger doesn't seem to grow tired or feel the need to speak.

Suddenly, the man flickers his fingers and propels his smoke directly into Tiak's eye, who is caught by surprise.

SHIT! MY EYE!

The sudden, burning pain causes him to involuntarily close his eyes for a second, and step back. He can hear the other man getting up from his chair.
>>
No. 251406 ID: 701a19

>>251404
Fire.
>>
No. 251415 ID: 0536eb

>>251404
That's IT. Flip the table.
>>
No. 251416 ID: 1854db

Don't fire blindly. Make sure you actually hit him. Just look with your other eye.
>>
No. 251466 ID: 31e5bb

yes, you have two eyes, use the other one.
>>
No. 251513 ID: 6550ad
File 128872550536.png - (273.86KB , 1000x750 , 533.png )
251513

Tiak raises his arm and opens his right eye, trying to aim and open fire over the stranger. But the man is already up from his chair and flips the table against Tiak, pushing him out of balance for a second! Tiak stumbles back and misses the shot.
>>
No. 251514 ID: 2563d4

>>251513
Get down behind the table before he returns the favor.
>>
No. 251520 ID: fba40f

>>251513
Get down, shoot straight this time.
>>
No. 251592 ID: 6550ad
File 128874061631.png - (295.42KB , 1000x750 , 534.png )
251592

Tiak dives behind the table just in time to dodge a round of laser fire, aimed towards his head.

The stranger's fire is constant, he can't expose himself to aim properly but he manages to shoot over the table and get a solid hit on the chest of his assailant. Unfortunately, the vest protects him from the effects of the stun ray.

The man retreats to take cover around the door, keeping a continuous laser fire against Tiak. The table is holding up so far, but it's starting to heat up, Tiak can feel it. His cover isn't going to last forever.
>>
No. 251593 ID: fd6d7e

Lasers don't get any more powerful the closer you are to them. Push the table forward as a laser absorbing shield then try to use what's left of it to crack him on his head.
>>
No. 251605 ID: 1854db

>>251592
Shoot the power box with a laser shot so that the lights go out. Or you could just shoot the light directly. Then he won't be able to tell when we're behind cover and we can do something tricky.
>>
No. 251606 ID: 2563d4

How high did Mongro let you wind your modified pistol up again?

Shoot him through the wall.
>>
No. 251613 ID: fba40f

>>251592
Advance, aim for the right side of the doorway.
>>
No. 251628 ID: 6550ad
File 128874534528.png - (354.00KB , 1000x750 , 535.png )
251628

Pushing the table towards he guy doesn't sound like a good idea. The table isn't so tall, the man would only need to shoot Tiak over it.

>>251606

Tiak hasn't tried out yet the upgraded firepower mode of his gun, so he doesn't know. But one thing is for sure. If he's going to try to shoot through the power box, or any other surface (including the vest of that man) he's going to need to change from stun to laser.
>>
No. 251640 ID: 2563d4

>>251628
Well, go on then.
>>
No. 251755 ID: bf88fc

Mmm, let's go with something safer: Normal strength, shoot out the light and then shoot his head. That is, if you think you can make the shot while he's still in shock. Another shooting-out-the-light follow-up option is to grab the fire extinguisher and throw it at him.
>>
No. 251757 ID: 6550ad
File 128877321316.png - (193.92KB , 1000x750 , 536.png )
251757

Tiak sets his gun to use its upgraded laser mode. He reaches over the table, aims for the power box and pulls the trigger.

And nothing happens.

Actually, that wouldn't be true. Tiak tries to fire the weapon a few more times, but it just doesn't work. But something happens indeed: the laser device Mongro installed is starting to glow red, and getting unsettlingly hot.
>>
No. 251758 ID: 56898c

>>251757
Change the setting back to laser, take aim, and THEN shoot.
>>
No. 251765 ID: e31d52

Pull the trigger a few more times and throw it at him.
>>
No. 251767 ID: 1854db

Fucking hell, Mongro.

Or maybe it was the Colonel. At any rate, throw the gun at him.
>>
No. 251771 ID: 2563d4

Don't throw your ranged weapon away unless it's getting hot even when you're not firing it.

Pour the paralysing dust into the glass bottle by the table. Throw it so it breaks at the top of the doorframe.
>>
No. 251813 ID: 6550ad
File 128880118590.png - (211.98KB , 1000x750 , 537.png )
251813

Tiak attempts to shoot again, with no results. He tries to switch to stun mode again, but the weapon still refuses to fire.

Tiak stops trying to shoot and is about to put another plan into practice, but he's alarmed to find that the gun keeps getting hotter even now that he isn't shooting it. It's almost painful to hold!
>>
No. 251814 ID: 099247

>>251813
That shit is gonna blow, throw it at him
>>
No. 251819 ID: 31e5bb

CHUCK IT!!
>>
No. 251830 ID: 2563d4

>>251813
Ok, now it makes sense to lob it at him. Do it blind if you risk a lobotomy otherwise.
>>
No. 251833 ID: fba40f

>>251813
FUCKING COCKSUCKER

He turned the damn thing into a low-yield grenade! Chuck it!

...No wait, I have an idea. Is the battery on that thing easily removable? If so, rip that fucker out. You'll risk a shock but at least you might be able to reuse the gun.
>>
No. 251848 ID: 6550ad
File 128881463865.png - (153.80KB , 1000x750 , 538.png )
251848

Tiak throws the glowing gun over the table without looking, and hears how it bounces against the floor across the room.
>>
No. 251849 ID: 6550ad
File 128881468438.png - (355.04KB , 1000x750 , 539.png )
251849

>>
No. 251850 ID: 6550ad
File 128881473160.png - (215.48KB , 1000x750 , 540.png )
251850

When his head stops palpitating because of the deafening sound of the explosion, Tiak gets up and peeks over the table.

There's no trace of the mysterious man, but an intense stench of burnt metal and plastic. It isn't possible to see the other side of the room and the door, with all the smoke.
>>
No. 251874 ID: 70e5c6

>>251850
Acquire Fire Extinguisher. It should make an excellent improvised weapon - foam can blind, and it's heavy enough to knock someone out when tossed around.

You also probably have the advantage - assuming your enemy isn't *dead*, they're probably unconscious or disoriented enough that you could take them down, or at least steal their weapon.

Depending on what other people think, I say we either PRESS THE ADVANTAGE or initiate CAMPING TACTICS and prepare an AMBUSH by the door in case this guy comes back into the room.
>>
No. 251877 ID: 31e5bb

i say press, keep going.
>>
No. 251878 ID: fba40f

>>251850
Go in. That thing landed right at his feet.
>>
No. 251896 ID: 6550ad
File 128882506662.png - (212.99KB , 1000x750 , 541.png )
251896

Tiak grabs the Fire Extinguisher, and turns around to advance into the next room, when he notices that the smoke isn't blocking his vision anymore.
>>
No. 251899 ID: 2563d4

>>251896
USE Fire Extinguisher ON Antagonist's Face
>>
No. 251900 ID: 31e5bb

spray him in the face then crack him over the head.
>>
No. 251905 ID: 6550ad
File 12888260114.png - (230.53KB , 1000x750 , 542.png )
251905

>>251899
>>251900

Wait, looks like that's not gonna be necessary.
The man collapses without other sound than the wet noise of his body hitting the floor.

Half of his body has been obliterated by the explosion, and the fleshy gap that is the wound bleeds profusely.
>>
No. 251906 ID: 2563d4

>>251905
Still bleeding, eh? Shame the doctor's in on it, although probably a bit beyond even future medical science.

Search body for some kind of ID.
>>
No. 251907 ID: 701a19

>>251905
Is he dead? If not, then render aid as best you can.
It would/would-have-been nice to get some answers before this guy dies/died.
>>
No. 251920 ID: 6550ad
File 128882899887.png - (224.68KB , 1000x750 , 543.png )
251920

Tiak takes a closer look at the fallen enemy. He's still alive, but unconscious, losing blood alarmingly fast. Tiak can't even stop an hemorrhage this serious. If he wanted this man to live, he would need to take him to a doctor immediately.

He quickly searches through his clothes. Nothing. A spare battery for his energy gun (which isn't anywhere around) and a pocket knife. No ID or any kind of identification.
>>
No. 251928 ID: 31e5bb

use the cutter to cauterize him.
>>
No. 251930 ID: 2563d4

>>251920
I can't see you carting him all the way up to the Doc's office in time, let alone doing it without being interrupted by the colonel or some other passerby.

Light up that area to the left. Was he down here guarding something?
>>
No. 251935 ID: 69bee4

Your not a killer.... well, your not one yet!

Damn the consequences, we have a heroic attempt to save this man to do. Get as close to doctors area you can, and either run in and drop him off without a word and then flee for you life, or leave him in a place to be obviously found... and flee for your life.
>>
No. 251944 ID: 701a19

>>251920
Cauterize the worst of the bleeding with the plasma cutter, then grab his gun and fireman-carry him to the doctor.
Don't delay! Seconds count!
If you encounter the Colonel then tell him you've got more important issues than him collaborating with somebody in debt to the mob.
If you encounter Mongro, tell him that exploding guns are a lousy way to keep friends.
If you meet the captain, tell him to get back to his office.
If you encounter anybody friendly then either ask them to help you carry him or to rush ahead and call the elevator.

If anybody attempts to stop you, well, that's what the gun is for.
>>
No. 251958 ID: 2563d4

>>251944
Is that the gun that blew up, or the gun we can't find? :3
>>
No. 251960 ID: f4963f

>>251920
Right. Apply first aid as best you can and... goddamnit we have no means of actually defending ourselves from anyone on the ship, do we?

Fuck it, go anyway.
>>
No. 251975 ID: 1854db

Fuck no, he tried to kill you unprovoked and that wound is NOT survivable even with medical attention.

We're not leaving now, not when we're so close to getting to the bottom of this. Get into the next room, Tiak.
>>
No. 251976 ID: e31d52

>>251944
He was blown in half, seven. Any organs that didn't simply fall out are likely damaged beyond repair or jelly.
>>
No. 252081 ID: bf88fc

Seeing the results of attempted cauterization would be pretty funny.
>>
No. 252104 ID: 6550ad
File 128886279966.png - (184.42KB , 1000x750 , 544.png )
252104

Tiak attempts to cauterize the wound with the cutter, but the results aren't really satisfactory.

First, because the cutter isn't a surgical instrument, it's making a mess and burning the flesh around the wound while it cauterizes.

Second, because the wound in this case is half of the body. It's pretty much beyond the point where he could stop the hemorrhage in time.
He's not sure if he would be able to carry the man all the way up in the Infirmary in time to save his life.
>>
No. 252109 ID: 70e5c6

>>252104
Ah, irony. There's a medbay on this deck, but we don't know how to get to it (primary entrance collapsed), and it's probably stripped of anything useful, too. There are cryo-pods, but we've already determined that those are non-functional.

Might as well start dragging him back to the elevator. If he dies on the way... meh. Loot his corpse for that armor. ;D

Oh, and Tiak? Next time someone looks like they might be a threat, stun first and ask questions later. Everyone's a suspect - Remember that.
>>
No. 252131 ID: 2563d4

>>252109
We DID stun first. The guy was wearing armour. That armour indirectly killed him.

>>252104
No, don't waste time and give someone else a chance to nose around in here. Check out the place. What's the dark-red box on the floor near where he was sat with a yellow symbol on?
>>
No. 252139 ID: 70e5c6

>>252131
"We DID stun first."

But we waited for him to make the first move... by staring at him until he flicked his cigarette in Tiak's face. I wanted Tiak to taze him in the head before he had a chance to pull a Han Solo on Tiak's ass, but got outvoted. :C

I'm just saying... might be a good idea to shoot first and ask questions later. Stunning someone for 20 minutes is better than blowing off half their body and losing 1 if not 2 weapons in the process. Dead men can't confess.

As for our current situation, I think it all depends on Tiak's constitution. Has he ever killed someone before? Is he okay letting this guy die when he might be able to save him? Is Tiak going to suffer a mental breakdown if he doesn't at least try? Is it tactically wise to try to save him so that we can interrogate him later, or should we let him die and not risk getting caught / not being able to explore?

I still think we might as well try to be adaptable. Start taking him to the medic, but if he doesn't make it, don't sweat over it. At least we tried, you know? But hey, if Tiak's good for it, we could totally let him bleed out here. I don't care much at this point.
>>
No. 252158 ID: 701a19

>>252104
Try. That's the difference between justified manslaughter and murder.
>>
No. 252236 ID: 1854db

DO NOT DO IT this is a waste of time and we need to find out what's in here before someone else comes and fucks all the evidence up!

Instead look further in to see if there's a medbay or something.
>>
No. 252707 ID: 6550ad
File 128897753446.png - (114.67KB , 1000x750 , 545.png )
252707

>>252139

Tiak has been in the war, after all, so yeah, he's killed other people before. Only that they were Ziranées, and they were always pretty far away from him, enough to not see the blood.

But he hasn't spent the mandatory 3 years of psychological training for nothing, he isn't going to have a crisis over a dead body. After all, he was acting in self defense, and he didn't actually try to kill the man. If he didn't throw the pistol in time, it would've been him the one with half the body turned into red jam.

Which doesn't mean that this situation isn't rather stressful for him. He'd rather not have the responsibility of a man's fate on his hands.

Tiak decides to try and save his assailant, so he grabs him around the shoulder and starts dragging him towards the elevator. The stranger is still losing blood, despise Tiak's attempts of cauterizing the wound, and his breathing is most irregular and ill.

To make it even worse, while he's advancing through the antechamber he came from, Tiak is pretty sure he hears a faint, metallic noise coming from the room ahead of him. He can't see anything suspicious, though. At least, not from here.
>>
No. 252715 ID: 31e5bb

close the blue door behind you then keep going.
>>
No. 252731 ID: 2563d4

>>252707
Right. That's probably the damn hovercamera, or worse another of those bots.

You have already killed this person. Making a mess with this proto-corpse will only make things worse. Get back in there and hide to the side of the door armed with the best bludgeoning instrument you can find.
>>
No. 252738 ID: 553e69

Leave the corpse, stupid, you're not gonna save even YOURSELF if you drag it around. Go past its room already.
>>
No. 252752 ID: 701a19

>>252707
If it's a camera then you've already been spotted with this guy. You NEED to get him to medical so nobody can claim you DIDN'T try to save him.
>>
No. 252849 ID: 6550ad
File 128899252563.png - (238.15KB , 1000x750 , 546.png )
252849

Tiak leaves the wounded man on the floor and retreats to the previous room, closing the door behind him. He grabs the fire extinguisher and waits next to the door, alert, ready to defend himself from another attack.

After less than a minute, he can hear a very faint noise coming from the antechamber where the injured assailant is. It sounded like a laser shot. Just one. And then, complete silence.

Nobody tries to trespass the door. For now.
>>
No. 252878 ID: 1854db

>>252849
Let's go further in.
>>
No. 252879 ID: 701a19

>>252849
Well, now the guy is dead.
You COULD have stayed in the room and shot the attacker with the gun you got off of Corpsy, but you didn't.
>>
No. 252883 ID: 2563d4

>>252879
We don't have that gun.

Now would be a good time to look for it, though. Throw a glowstick outside first, though, just to make sure the metallic whatever isn't lurking. Should light it---and not you---up better than the torch.
>>
No. 252904 ID: fba40f

>>252849
Search for his gun, we might need to do some shooting.
>>
No. 253067 ID: 6550ad
File 128905752427.png - (215.62KB , 1000x750 , 547.png )
253067

Tiak advances into the next room, which happens to be the proper cargo bay. He doesn't need to throw a light stick in, because the lights are working fine in this room too, for the most part.

And... wow, this isn't abandoned at all. There are boxes piled up through all the place, as far as the cargo bay goes. They're metallic and sealed, and look pretty heavy.

Apart from that, to his right Tiak can see the remains of the other man's weapon. It seems that the explosion has reduced it to some pieces of useless plastic.

To his left there's a desk, with a small bag and some papers on it.
>>
No. 253078 ID: ddd48d

check that suspiciously convenient bag out.
>>
No. 253259 ID: 6550ad
File 128907984627.png - (244.21KB , 1000x750 , 548.png )
253259

Tiak opens the bag and finds... a lot of money.

The bag is full with wags of bills, Sinarri and Ziranée currency. There's no Maurian in it, but that's normal, they stopped using paper money ages ago.

Tiak doesn't really think there is commercial exchange yet between Maurians and Ziranée (official, at least, there are always pirates and smugglers), so he doesn't know how much money would be the Ziranée part in this bundle. But he knows that there are more than 10000 credits in Sinarri money here.

Not even counting the snake bills, there is more money in this bag than in Tiak's personal account.
>>
No. 253261 ID: 31e5bb

now on to the more important part, read note.
>>
No. 253266 ID: 7d4b53

Time to put that free inventory slot to a good use. In other words, yoink!
>>
No. 253328 ID: 1854db

Heheheh. We could use this money to pay off people in order to get the information we need.
>>
No. 253352 ID: 6550ad
File 128908803913.png - (218.06KB , 1000x750 , 549.png )
253352

Tiak can only stuff a bunch of wags in his pockets, which are almost full. If he wants to take all the money, he'll have to take the bag with him.

Tiak takes a look at the note under the bag. It's pretty brief.

-Easy job and a lot of money. You just gotta be in the Hangar 6841-A. Planet: NB 3. Look for the Sp-12.

-You just gotta keep an eye on some boxes during the flight. Closed area, nobody will bother you. But if anyone other than your client goes in there, just shoot him. It's easy.

-Remember, I get a 5% of the cut.

And that's it. No signature or anything.
>>
No. 253355 ID: 31e5bb

the only person with access to this place was mongro.... mean that mongro may have been the client on the note. well fuck. see what is in the crates.
>>
No. 253367 ID: fba40f

>>253352
Most likely either Mongro or the anonymous criminal you just fought was the client, with the other one being the one doing the job.
>>
No. 253370 ID: 1854db

Discover the contents of the crates. Consider that the client could be ANYONE if Mongro is telling the truth about how he got the case. If he's lying about where he got it, it's definitely him.

Consider the strange way he acted in relation to the blue keycard... I think we're going to want to find out what's behind that panel in his room.
>>
No. 253497 ID: 62806e

The captain, the chief engineer, and anyone else who knew how to copy keys had access too. I'm betting it was the captain.
>>
No. 253601 ID: 6550ad
File 128912286964.png - (206.45KB , 1000x750 , 550.png )
253601

Most of the boxes seem to be sealed, and Tiak would need to cut them open with the Sinarri tool, but one of them, the closest one, seems to have the lid loose. So Tiak opens that one.

It's full of laser rifles. There must be around 40 of them stacked up just in this crate. They're all unloaded, though.

Before he can think about this revelation, Tiak hears something behind him. It's the sound of doors being opened, back in the antechamber where the Mercenary was sitting.
>>
No. 253606 ID: 70e5c6

>>253601
Take WEPON. Hide behind crate close to door. Prepare to ambush using WEPON as improvised bashing device.

You don't have any spare clips, do you? It sounded like the dead guy had one, but there's no way in hell it's safe to go out there and retrieve it until we know what we're dealing with and where it is...
>>
No. 253607 ID: 70e5c6

>>253601
Oh, and if the doors into this room were OPEN, do NOT run across the entrance... avoid drawing their attention. Stay in cover. Don't let them see or hear you.
>>
No. 253647 ID: bf88fc

Hide somewhere dark.
>>
No. 253720 ID: 6550ad
File 128915936920.png - (152.59KB , 1000x750 , 551.png )
253720

Tiak takes one of the rifles from the box, hoping to use it at least as an improvised club, and hides between one of the columns of crates. He notices that there's a lot of space between the piles of boxes, and that he could walk between them to get to the other side of the cargo bay.

Then he hears footsteps coming into the room, and a voice, a familiar one: Mongro.

>Belint? Are you there? What the hell is going on? There's a dead guy out there!
>>
No. 253721 ID: 2563d4

>>253720
What are your odds at sneaking amongst the crates without being visible and noisy?

Because right now I'm not sure nattering with Mongro will be beneficial. If nothing else he'll probably fathom that you have his card reprogrammer.
>>
No. 253749 ID: 701a19

>>253720
Check the serial number of the rifle.
Walk out of the shadows and toss the gun to Mongro.
"He was a merc hired as a guard for this illegal weapons shipment. (If the serial number is missing, then say "Serial numbers are missing.") Hopefully these are just being smuggled for the black market, since there's enough here to supply a small army.
I wasn't the one who killed him, by the way; the stun gun mod failed spectacularly, and he was standing too close.
Now... You see that bag there? Tell me everything you know about what's going on, and I'll forget I ever saw it."
>>
No. 253791 ID: fba40f

>>253720
We should check the serials of two guns, actually. If they're sequential, that means that this is not a simple smuggling op we are dealing with.
>>
No. 253926 ID: 62806e

Mongro doesn't know anything, he's a technician who got wrapped up in this because he happened to have the bad luck to be assigned to this vessel. He's done better than anyone could have hoped for, considering all the horrible things that have been happening. Treat him like an ally, since he's the closest thing to one we've got.

Basically, this >>253749 but omit the last line.
>>
No. 253940 ID: fd6d7e

Heh, Mongro booby-trapped your own gun and you're just going to walk out of the shadows and toss him a laser rifle, trusting him with your life again. Because your only other option is to kill him too, and you're not going to do that.
>>
No. 253944 ID: 62806e

>>253940

A booby-trap would have had it dump the entire cell at once. This was a mistake, an after-market mod failing because Mongro made a mistake.
>>
No. 253982 ID: 2563d4

If Mongro is so innocent-in-the-wrong-place-at-the-wrong-time, what the hell has he even needed to be down in the Zero Deck for, given he's told us it wasn't collecting mainframe parts?

Tiak at least has the excuse of investigating crimes.
>>
No. 253985 ID: 8ff060

Lets not get shot, shall we? Mongro is not your buddy, pal. Don't answer. Look for a good vantage spot.
>>
No. 253987 ID: 701a19

>>253940
Yes, we're going to toss him an unloaded weapon.
>>
No. 254025 ID: 9cfc61

Honestly, it seems like we've explored everywhere. We might as well wait until everyone is rested up then peek outside, possibly through the emergency exit.
>>
No. 254059 ID: 6550ad
File 128924815634.png - (130.52KB , 1000x750 , 552.png )
254059

Tiak sneaks further into the cargo bay, between the boxes, undetected. He can hear Mongro walking into the room, closing his distance.
Tiak doesn't think he can try to sneak around him, unless he found any way to distract the Sinarri. He could also keep going deeper into the Cargo bay, covered in shadows.

>Belint! I know you're around her somewhere! I'm not going to explain this lot of boxes and that bleeding corpse out there to the Captain or the Colonel by myself! Also, I think I found something that can help you out figuring out all this shit.
>>
No. 254061 ID: 27fe93

keep going deeper and talk to him by projecting your voice. "depends, did you modify my gun to explode on purpose or by accident?"
>>
No. 254063 ID: 2563d4

>>254059
Deeper it is. Once it's too dark to see, you can try throwing something. Hell, the unloaded rifle will do---it's bulky and of little use.
>>
No. 254068 ID: fba40f

>>254061
This.
>>
No. 254085 ID: 2f7c38

>>254063
Ney, this.
>>
No. 254088 ID: f21fa2

>>254063
Supporting this.
>>
No. 254167 ID: 6550ad
File 128926550337.png - (90.62KB , 1000x750 , 553.png )
254167

Tiak sneaks deeper into the Cargo Bay, until he reaches the end of it, now in almost complete darkness. Before he decides to throw the rifle or not, Mongro speaks again.

>Fine, be that way.

After that, the Sinarri stops his advance, but Tiak doesn't hear him leaving the room either.

Tiak also notices a door in front of him, in the far side of the cargo bay. It's closed and it doesn't have any card reader, nor any obvious way to open it. But, it looks pretty old and damaged, and on top of that, it looks pretty thin. Tiak thinks that he could bring it down, applying enough strength to it (with the subsequent noise), or even try to cut through it.
>>
No. 254196 ID: 2563d4

>>254167
Nah. You'll only give away your position.

You can play with doors once you're sure Mongro's left.
>>
No. 254252 ID: 1854db

>>254167
Smash it down. Quick and noisy. If we can get a weapon from in there somehow, we can actually talk to Mongro without worrying about getting shot as much.
>>
No. 254831 ID: 6550ad
File 128940259272.png - (226.83KB , 1000x750 , 554.png )
254831

Tiak applies some strength to the door, trying to bring it down. It starts to bend from the frame, and it'll only need one or two hits more to fall over.

Suddenly, an intense light beam illuminates Tiak's hiding corner, and he finds himself facing a hovering camera, with pieces of a laser weapon attached to it. An old "friend" indeed. Mongro is laughing from the other side of the room.

>Hahahah! Surprised! Gotta thank you for being so kind as to give it back to me, so I could put it back together!
>>
No. 254836 ID: 5b20d7

Don't try screwing around with the camera. You'll get shot. Instead, dive for cover. I think it'd be best to smash his brains in while he's busy fucking about trying to control the camera.
>>
No. 254837 ID: 2563d4

>>254831
Goddamnit, Tiak, you have no sense of self-preservation at all.
>>254836 and hope it misses.
>>
No. 254850 ID: 701a19

>>254831
Once you're in cover, set your PDA to record audio.
"Damnit, Mongro! Why are you doing this? Were you the one that murdered Trake?"
>>
No. 254852 ID: 2563d4

>>254850
Say nothing. Don't keep making it easy to find us or you deserve the camera laser-drilling a neat hole through your big mouth and out the back of your head.
>>
No. 254873 ID: fba40f

>>254831
"This didn't work at all last time, you know"
>>
No. 254876 ID: 6550ad
File 128941809940.png - (337.15KB , 1000x750 , 555.png )
254876

Tiak lunges to his right, just in time to dodge the laser blast directer to the spot he was standing on just a second ago.

The energy beam finishes what Tiak started, half of the door crumbles down in a small pile of heated metal and plastic, at the other side.

Tiak gets cover behind the column of boxes. It seems that the flash of the laser blocked Mongro's view while Tiak jumped out of the way, and now he doesn't know where his prey is.

But not for long, as the camera only needs to hover over all the boxes to find him again.
>>
No. 254882 ID: 822388

>>254876
Don't stop. Get on your feet. Start moving as silently as possible toward where Mongro was last heard. That means you do not compromise stealth--don't move too carelessly and whatever you do, keep your trap shut.
>>
No. 254894 ID: 2563d4

>>254882
Yeah. Even if the ceiling's high and the picture's sharp that camera still can't see everywhere because it's depending on that torch.

Which is great. You know where it's looking, or at least where it can see. Stay out of the light.
>>
No. 254900 ID: fba40f

>>254882
This.
>>
No. 254969 ID: d677cc

>>254882
This is... better than anything that's not this that I could come up with.
>>
No. 255029 ID: fd6d7e

To be fair, that does help us figure out all this shit. Mongro was the one who built that thing, right? When you first met him he left a note in your pocket and then asked you for help getting the Zero Deck key. Then, before getting that key he rigged a trap to kill you with lasers. Or to kill someone snooping around Engineering. It wouldn't make sense for him to attempt to kill you before getting that key, so naturally he does. Later he gets angry at you for not breaking up a bar fight after you were incapacitated by his own death laser camera. You innocently present him with the key he wants, the parts to his death laser camera, and more of the mainframe. In response, he rebuilds the death laser camera, and sends it out to try and kill you again OK WHAT THE HELL
>>
No. 255132 ID: bf88fc

Finding this place was the nail in the coffin about Mongro for me. But we wanted to be friiendss... Persecuted minority wolfbug, how could you.
>>
No. 255141 ID: 6550ad
File 128947328927.png - (181.96KB , 1000x750 , 556.png )
255141

Tiak gets on his feet and tries to get back to the entrance of the room, where Mongro likely still is. He advances, covering behind the crates from the hovering gun-camera.

And there it is, he can see the illuminated part of the room again, plus the light coming from the door frame to the antechamber. He can even see Mongro's shadow outlined on the floor. He seems to be still standing in front of the door.

But for now Tiak has a more urgent problem. A beam of light suddenly shines between him and his target. The camera is coming in this direction, and he's going to be discovered soon!
>>
No. 255165 ID: 2563d4

>>255141
Keep giving it the runaround. You've probably got more endurance than Mongro has patience or his drone has battery life.

Being seen on the way to him will ruin any chance of bludgeoning him over the head with the rifle off-guard, which is about the only way I can see we could take the big wolfbugdude.
>>
No. 255169 ID: fba40f

>>255141
Move away then. Right now not getting seen is more important than ambushing Mongro.
>>
No. 255268 ID: 6550ad
File 128950785280.png - (239.67KB , 1000x750 , 557.png )
255268

Tiak sneaks around the column of box, out of the camera's range of vision, and manages to advance, leaving the machine behind him.

He gets as close as he can to Mongro without risking being caught. The Sinarri is armed with the Sub-rifle Tiak found in the suitcase, and is fiddling with his PDA, probably controlling the sentry camera.
>>
No. 255275 ID: a09a03

Shoot him.

Mozambique Drill.

Don't miss.
>>
No. 255276 ID: fd6d7e

>>255268

Dang, so much for getting the sentry camera to zap him. Since it's manually controlled though you should have an easier time dodging it. And he's also holding a loaded weapon.

...damn him and his four arms.

Looks like you can't ambush him just yet. You could try whacking the sentry with your empty laser rifle, knock it off kilter long enough for you to get past it and into that room. He'll raise it higher than you can reach the second time though.

Trouble is you don't know if it's a dead-end or not. You could end up pinned down in there.
>>
No. 255277 ID: 2563d4

>>255273
With what? The rifle is unloaded and our inventory is bereft of weapons!

I'm kind of at a loss here as there's way too much ground to cover to get to him and bop him over the head before he can turn and fire. What's that black thing in our inventory that isn't the torch, PDAs, or card programmer?
>>
No. 255279 ID: 2563d4

>>255276
I am going to stress that getting near the remote drone that can hover and is better armed that we are is very, very stupid.

Hmm. Tiak is kind of crappy at anything technical, but that was our camera once. Can our PDA wrest control of it?
>>
No. 255280 ID: a09a03

Well, then, wheel around, point the empty gun at him, and tell him to drop his weapon.

If he does, beat him unconscious.
>>
No. 255283 ID: 2563d4

>>255280
>>/questdis/336344
>>
No. 255288 ID: fba40f

>>255283
He's right, we need a better weapon in order to take him on. Maybe we could slip away through that door in the back? Assuming the door has cooled down to a safe level, that is.
>>
No. 255293 ID: a09a03

In that case, sneak up behind him and stick the screwdriver into the back of his neck over and over.
>>
No. 255294 ID: 4496f2

use screwdriver on man.
>>
No. 255302 ID: d677cc

Not Midori yet.
>>
No. 255309 ID: 2563d4

>>255277
>black thing in inventory
<Starit> That's an empty glass bottle.

Another possible plan of attack: smother a handful of paralysing powder over Mongro's muzzle. Hell, coat the damn screwdriver with it, get it into the blood even if you miss anything important.
>>
No. 255313 ID: a09a03

Also: Dip the screwdriver tip in the extract of perticanto first.
>>
No. 255321 ID: bf88fc

How about throwing something so he's pointing his gun in another direction? Making sure to not throw through the camera's point of view.
>>
No. 255337 ID: 6550ad
File 128951656766.png - (168.68KB , 1000x750 , 558.png )
255337

Tiak coats the tip of the screwdriver with the extract of perticanto, and approaches the Sinarri from behind.

Unfortunately, before he can even raise his arms to stick the screwdriver into his neck, Mongro slightly turns his head around, enough to notice a glimpse of Tiak with one of his 4 eyes, and starts to violently turn around. Tiak pushes forward and the Sinarri almost impales itself with the screwdriver, accidentally.

The wound isn't too serious, though, just about an inch or two deep. Mongro doesn't seem to be suffering the effects of the poison, and just roars in pain and anger, dropping the PDA, but still holding the weapon.

>AAAHHGHRFFF, SON OF A BITCH, I'LL KILL YOU!.
>>
No. 255342 ID: 2563d4

>>255337
Grab PDA and run. Any direction will do since we've made ourself a second exit.

Failing to grab the PDA is better than failing to avoid being grappled.
>>
No. 255347 ID: 24a9bd

Kick his legs, the bastard doesn't have four of those!
>>
No. 255356 ID: 9f914f

Wrestle for his weapon!
>>
No. 255357 ID: fba40f

Kick his legs out from under him, then run.
>>
No. 255365 ID: fd6d7e

>>255337

Wait, you coated it with ...with what?

Damn, Tiak. Damn.
>>
No. 255371 ID: 6550ad
File 128952319514.png - (263.24KB , 1000x750 , 559.png )
255371

Tiak tries to kick his legs, but Mongro reacts with lightning reflexes, turning around and punching Tiak in the face with formidable strength.

The blow caught him off balance, about to deliver a kick, so it sends him stumbling down to the ground.

OOoof!

>T-the only good ant is a f-fucking d-dead ant!
>>
No. 255372 ID: 4496f2

ROLL! get under the table and knock it over. mongro is starting to get effected. just need to live long enough!
>>
No. 255377 ID: 2563d4

>>255371
Well now you're going to get shot. Try to scuttle somewhere so you only get shot a little.
>>
No. 255397 ID: 701a19

>>255371
Get to cover, and start recording this already. Only speak when you know he knows where you are.
"Don't bullshit me about noble causes, Mongro! All you care about is cash!
Shit, I was fine looking the other way until you started murdering people!"
>>
No. 255398 ID: 24a9bd

"Mongro you bastard, what the hell did Mat ever do to deserve getting his head blown off?!"
>>
No. 255409 ID: a09a03

Dive behind the boxes before he shoots you!

We just have to hope he got a big enough dose to put him down.
>>
No. 255470 ID: 10103d

Scuttle, you scrawny bastard. The pain should mess with his aim. Get behind cover ASAP. Definitely don't waste time on fiddling with the PDA or trash talking.
>>
No. 255607 ID: f5e4b4
File 128958956576.png - (298.00KB , 1000x750 , 560.png )
255607

Tiak rolls, taking cover behind the near boxes. It seems that the poison is effecting Mongro's aim as well, because he barely misses Tiak. The round of laser fire heats up the air around him, but he comes up unharmed.

Mongro you bastard, what the hell did Mat ever do to deserve getting his head blown off?!

All the response he gets are pretty nasty-sounding coughs. Tiak risks peeking around the crates. Apparently the poison is working. Mongro is fallen on the ground, his muscles unable to support his weight. He's spasming and salivating, struggling to breath.
>>
No. 255609 ID: 10103d

That does the trick. Take his gun. Coup de grâce.
>>
No. 255618 ID: 2563d4

>>255609
>Coup de grace
We're security, not the murderer. Get the gun and the PDA. Bring the cameragun over, and power down/pocket that too. Dump junk like the empty bottle and notepaper to make space.

Big, big problem #1: Trake's dead. Mongro's certainly not well. The mainframe is still broken and we're in hyperspace.
>>
No. 255647 ID: 1854db

Let him go unconscious (and hopefully not die, we need answers), but watch out for the camera.
>>
No. 255657 ID: a09a03

Just kill him. The brig is broken.
>>
No. 255659 ID: 701a19

>>255607
Run out, take his gun, and say.
"Extract of perticanto. Bleed the screwdriver wound to flush the poison. Keep calm, don't struggle, I'll get the doctor here."

Does your camera have a speaker? If so, have it knock out the vent and fly to the medbay. Screw stealth; we've got a life to save. Use something with a hard/sharp edge to scrape out the wound. Don't use the screwdriver for it

If you can't use the camera to send a message, then scrape the wound quickly and run to the medibay.
>>
No. 255660 ID: c16ebe

It's supposed to kill in a matter of minutes, and there's no antidote. That might be stats for Maurians only, so I suppose there's a [b]chance[/c] Mongro is saveable... but if he's showing symptoms I think he's a dead man.
>>
No. 255669 ID: f5e4b4
File 128960060568.png - (252.06KB , 1000x750 , 561.png )
255669

Tiak dumps the empty bottle and picks up Mongro's gun, the PDA and the remote camera with the gun attached to it, which stopped functioning when Mongro dropped the PDA.

The Sinarri is on the ground, gurgling and convulsing in his final moments. Tiak remembers how Yery told him how the Perticanto is one of the deadliest known poisons, with no antidote, and able to kill almost any living thing known to science in a matter of minutes. Tiak doubts that Sinarri are the exception.

Tiak can't help but to feel uneasy about the latest developments. He's aware that if he didn't act the way he did, he would probably be dead by now. But at the same time, he doesn't think that poisoning a blade and backstabbing a suspect is a commendable course of action for a security agent.

He wonders if there would've been another way... But that doesn't really matters now.
>>
No. 255672 ID: a09a03

Oh, right, DEADLY poison.

Totally self defense.

Make a note to carefully deal with the deadly poison in your pants when you get a minute sideways.
>>
No. 255675 ID: 2563d4

>>255669
Ho ho ho, now I have a machine gun.

Grab the satchel full of money. It'll only go missing if you don't.

I assume Mongro isn't really capable of saying much about anything at this point. :/
>>
No. 255676 ID: 54dd9a

only other thing i can think of would of been to use the cutter to cut his arms off.
>>
No. 255678 ID: 2563d4

Let's give this "thinking things through beforehand" lark a shot again: >>/questdis/336413
(In the meantime, +1 to that door we were going to go through before Mongro's drone shot at it, as well.)
>>
No. 255680 ID: a09a03

Also, you should probably shoot him in the head because he's dying slowly.
>>
No. 255684 ID: 10103d

Test your new toy on Mongro's head. After that, sling the moneybag over your shoulder and head to the door at the bay's end--the one blasted open by the laser just some minutes ago.
>>
No. 255690 ID: 701a19

>>255669
Even the most lethal poison has a minimum effective dose. The little that stuck to the dry screwdriver, didn't wipe off on his clothes on the way in, and didn't bleed out shouldn't have been enough to be lethal. That's worse than the most potent neurotoxins known to man, and Tiak NEEDS to wash that stuff away from himself and his possessions before it kills him.

Well, go comfort Mongro
"I'm sorry, Mongro, I wish you had left me any other options.
For what it's worth, I didn't care about anything you were doing until you started killing people."
>>
No. 255702 ID: 644ca1

Check his shoulder for stab wounds, let's make sure if he was the hazmat guy or not.
>>
No. 255704 ID: 2563d4

>>255702
Good thinking, Batman!
>>
No. 255708 ID: 701a19

>>255702
Better yet, lets not get close enough so he could grab us.
Is he dying? Is he faking it? Does he have enough of his massive strength left to rip Tiak's legs apart like a wishbone?

We've got his gun, now stay back.
>>
No. 255710 ID: 10103d

Sure. Shoot him in the head and THEN check his shoulder.
>>
No. 255711 ID: c16ebe

>>255708
... yes. Of course. He's faking that he was poisoned by some random improvised weapon screwdriver because he secretly saw Tiak applying the poison using his second remote-controlled camera with night-vision we haven't seen yet and knows that this will all play into his brilliant plan to take over the ship.

He's dead, Jim.
>>
No. 255719 ID: f5e4b4
File 128960962345.png - (190.12KB , 1000x750 , 562.png )
255719

Tiak takes the bag full of money with. And after a moment of hesitation, he puts Mongro out of his misery with a single shot. He's pretty sure that Mongro isn't faking anything, his convulsions look pretty painful.

After the job is done, Tiak checks Mongro's left shoulder. Or shoulders... And yes, in the inferior one, a small wound poorly patched up.

Tiak then checks out the room at the back of the Cargo Bay. It's small and pretty empty. There's an old fire extinguisher leaning against the opposite wall, and a ladder going up to another small door just over Tiak's head.
>>
No. 255720 ID: 70e5c6

>>255719
Uh, carefully inspect fire extinguisher for traps? (lol)

After that, go up ze ladder! We much see what's up there. :V
>>