[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 29636)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39865 unique user posts. View catalog

File 125030487379.png - (19.26KB , 834x855 , Start.png )
29636 No. 29636 ID: fdc826

Expand all images
>>
No. 29637 ID: 1689ab

Options.
>>
No. 29640 ID: fdc826
File 125030494017.png - (10.77KB , 580x640 , 1-1.png )
29640

Jim awakens in his bed, weak, confused, and drenched in sweat.

The last thing he remembers is driving home from his job at a local restaurant. He stopped at a gas station, cursed a little when he saw the prices, then... nothing. A whole lot of nothing. And now he's here.

And he's not sure what to do next.

(The white text outside of Jim's house represents his memory of the area's layout. The black area will be revealed as Jim explores.)

>Status:
>Health: 10/10
>Inventory: N/A
>>
No. 29644 ID: 9a71e2

>>29640
Get up, you bum.
Is that blood?
>>
No. 29645 ID: fdc826
File 125030542998.png - (10.83KB , 580x640 , 1-2.png )
29645

>>29644

Jim stands up.

And... holy shit. Yes, that appears to be blood.
>>
No. 29646 ID: 9a71e2

>>29645
Check for severed hobo bits in the bathtub.
Then follow the trail.
>>
No. 29647 ID: 06fc25

Look out the window.
>>
No. 29649 ID: fdc826
File 125030571312.png - (10.83KB , 580x640 , 1-3.png )
29649

>>29646

Jim examines the bathtub. No hobo bits, but there's plenty of blood.

(Following trail next...)
>>
No. 29654 ID: fdc826
File 125030622391.png - (11.71KB , 580x640 , 1-4.png )
29654

Jim opens the curtains on his bedroom window. The neighbors' window is open, apparently, but it's too dark to see very far inside. (It is currently daytime, however.)

Next, Jim follows the trail of old, hardened blood. It seems to lead out the front door, which happens to be locked.
>>
No. 29655 ID: 9a71e2

>>29654
Locate and acquire the following: Spectacles, testicles, wallet, and watch.
Then your keys.
Get a sandwich while you're at it.
>>
No. 29660 ID: fdc826
File 125030704291.png - (13.98KB , 580x640 , 1-5.png )
29660

>>29655

Jim doesn't wear glasses, but the rest are all accounted for.

...In fact, now that he thinks of it, it's a little odd that he already has his watch and wallet. And clothes, for that matter; Jim usually sleeps in the nude.

Anyway, Jim pockets his keys, and grabs some food out of the fridge. He's out of bread, so, sadly, no sandwiches for now.

>Status:
>Health: 10/10
>Inventory: Food acquired! (1 day's worth)
>$20 found! (In wallet)
>>
No. 29662 ID: 476456

look out the northwest window.
>>
No. 29663 ID: 9a71e2

>>29660
For that matter, check self for injuries.
>>
No. 29669 ID: fdc826
File 125030863764.png - (15.56KB , 580x640 , 1-6.png )
29669

>>29662
Everything seems normal...

>>29663
Alright then, Jim checks himself for injuries of any ki- oh. Oh shit. There's a scar on his arm.

It looks like someone bit him.

>Status:
>Health: 10/10
>Inventory: Food, $20, keys (forgot these earlier)
>>
No. 29671 ID: acdc9b

>>29669
And then Jim was a zombie.
>>
No. 29672 ID: 476456

>car in road not moving

open the window and lean out...carefully.
>>
No. 29680 ID: fdc826
File 125030960988.png - (16.64KB , 580x640 , 1-7.png )
29680

>>29671
Jim is made visibly uncomfortable by this thought. He's seen enough zombie movies to know what happens when one bites you.

>>29672
The red car is Jim's. It's right where he left it.

Jim leans out the window...

(Note: purple = corpse)

>Status:
>Health: 10/10
>Inventory: Food, $20, keys
>>
No. 29682 ID: 9a71e2

>>29680
Well, it's healed over, so you should at least be the kind that ends up as a nine-foot tall monstrosity with a minigun instead of the usual shambler.
>>
No. 29685 ID: acdc9b

>>29682
"No, Jim. You are the demons"

>>29680
What are you doing, find a radio or TV and check for news updates! And find a shotgun while you're at it.
>>
No. 29689 ID: fdc826
File 125031101331.png - (16.76KB , 580x640 , 1-8.png )
29689

>>29685
Jim doesn't own a television(!), but he has a radio on his kitchen table. Also, he has no idea where he would find a shotgun, though his friend Charlie is kind of a gun nut, so he might know.

Anyway, Jim switches the radio on to a news station...

"...-eceive reports of violence and rioting in major cities across the state. When questioned, police from these areas withheld all information regarding the cause fo-... Oh, hold on, we're receiving a call..."

*click*

"Listen, lady, these ain't no fuckin' riots!"

"Sir, we're live, could you pl-"

"You don't understand! These people, there's... there's somethin' messed up about 'em. I mean, the motherfuckers are *eating* peo-"

"S-sir?"

"Hey, get that chair over here!"

*loud crashing heard in background*

"Oh, fuck! Hey, we need help right fuckin' now! Listen, we're holed up over at-"

*cuts to static*

"...

We, uh... we'll be b-back after this commercial, uh, break."

>Status:
>Health: 10/10
>Inventory: Food x1, $20, keys
>>
No. 29690 ID: fdc826

>>29689

By the way, the radio is one of those nifty hand-crank ones.
>>
No. 29691 ID: 9a71e2

>>29689
Well, improvise a melee weapon.
Fire extinguisher in the cupboard?
>>
No. 29692 ID: acdc9b

>>29690
Obviously Jim is big into sustainability, so retrieve your nifty hand-powered LED flashlight.

Time to arm yourself. Find a crowbar, tire iron, fire poker, or axe. If none of those is available, a.) what the hell is wrong with you, and b.) get a knife and a large, heavy frying pan from the kitchen.

Also get some duct tape and gauze... you never know when you'll need them.
>>
No. 29696 ID: fdc826

>>29691

As for melee, Jim has a kitchen knife right here in front of him, and a claw hammer and axe in his tool cabinet.

All melee weapons can be used once per turn.

The hammer does minimal damage, but can be used as a tool.

The knife does low damage, and is also useful in many situations.

The axe does high damage, and has its uses outside of combat.

(Jim can take all three; I just felt like describing them.)
>>
No. 29697 ID: acdc9b

>>29696
Excellent...

I approve of your zombie preparedness. Now get some medical supplies and you're ready to head out.
>>
No. 29698 ID: fdc826
File 125031200754.png - (2.41KB , 336x180 , 1-9.png )
29698

>>29696
Forgot the image.

>>29692
Jim has a flashlight, but it takes batteries. It's in his tool cabinet with the axe and hammer. He also has some gauze in his medicine cabinet, along with some painkillers.

I'll have Jim gather all this shit in the next post.
>>
No. 29702 ID: fdc826
File 125031298011.png - (3.79KB , 336x180 , 1-10.png )
29702

Okay, let's see if Jim forgot anything.

>ACQUIRED:
>AXE
>HAMMER
>KNIFE
>PAINKILLERS
>BANDAGES x2
>FLASHLIGHT
>BATTERIES x4

Jim also took the initiative and gathered all the food and beverages he could manage:

>FOOD (2 days)
>DRINKS (3 days)

Jim also has 6 wooden planks and 22 nails in his tool cabinet.

(By the way, the little red thing next to the fridge is a phone. And the radio is portable.)

(And a quick explanation: Bandages simply restore 2 health when used, and take one turn. Painkillers restore 4 health, which wears away at a rate of 1/2 of a point per turn. If we find a medkit eventually, that'll heal Jim up to full health.)

>Status:
>Health: 10/10
>Inventory: Food x2, Drink x3, $20, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4
>>
No. 29703 ID: fdc826

>>29702

Also, Jim's inventory isn't unlimited; if it doesn't fit in that white box, he can't take it, and the wooden planks take up a ton of space.
>>
No. 29709 ID: 476456

pack the planks into the trunk of the car then. We're going on a field trip.

should maybe check the neighbor's house first.
>>
No. 29712 ID: fdc826
File 125031515624.png - (17.69KB , 580x640 , 1-11.png )
29712

Jim shoves the wooden planks into his car, and goes to check out the neighbors' house.

(As he walks outside, he notices a few things: there are two pillars of thick, black smoke off to the north, and he can hear faint gunfire and yelling to the south.)

If Jim remembers correctly, 4 people lived here, 3 men and one woman. Jim thinks they were related. One of his neighbors is lying on the ground next to the door, apparently with his brains blown out.

As Jim gags at the smell, he notices a small shell casing in the grass. Jim is no gun expert, but it looks like it came from a shotgun.

Finally, Jim notices that the door has been ripped off, exposing the house's dark interior.

(And, by the way, Jim gathered the radio and nails, because they're small, and someone would've complained later if he hadn't.)

>Status:
>Health: 10/10
>Inventory: Food x2, Drink x3, $20, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 29713 ID: fdc826
File 125031524071.png - (4.23KB , 336x180 , 1-11 inv.png )
29713

>>29712
Inventory.
>>
No. 29715 ID: acdc9b

>>29712
Don't just walk in without announcing yourself, the person with the shotgun might still be around. Get your axe ready and then yell out, asking if there are any survivors.
>>
No. 29716 ID: fdc826
File 125031655948.png - (17.62KB , 580x640 , 1-12.png )
29716

>>29715

"Hello? Is anybody in there? And, uh, don't shoot me."

No answ- wait. Jim hears... shuffling. It's coming from that room in front and a little to the left of Jim.

Jim prepares to axe the first hostile fucker he sees, undead or otherwise.

>Status:
>Health: 10/10
>Inventory: Food x2, Drink x3, $20, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 29722 ID: 099247

>>29716
Flick axe around to attack with blunt end. Swing around corner as you step in.

Hey at the least you'll know whether they're a zombie or not.
>>
No. 29724 ID: fdc826
File 125031939498.png - (20.41KB , 815x877 , Paused.png )
29724

>>29722
Do you want him to swing around the front door, or in the room where the shuffling is coming from?
>>
No. 29725 ID: fdc826

>>29724
Shit, ignore that image; didn't mean to post it.
>>
No. 29727 ID: fdc826

>>29724

Alright, fuck it, nobody's on /quest/ tonight.

Let's just pretend I posted the pause screen on purpose. I'll be back in around 9 hours.
>>
No. 29887 ID: fdc826
File 12503761583.png - (20.40KB , 815x877 , Resume.png )
29887

>>
No. 29889 ID: fdc826
File 125037619210.png - (17.44KB , 580x640 , 1-13.png )
29889

>>29722

Jim grabs the axe by the other end, and swings it around the corner.

*click*

Well, looks like the power's still on.

The shuffling behind that door gets a little louder.

>Status:
>Health: 10/10
>Inventory: Food x2, Drink x3, $20, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 29890 ID: f4963f

>>29889

Skirt around the edge of the room, keeping an eye on the door. Try to get in a better vantage point to view the kitchen.
>>
No. 29891 ID: fdc826
File 125037690824.png - (17.99KB , 580x640 , 1-14.png )
29891

>>29890

The kitchen seems pretty normal.

The shuffling stops momentarily, but soon after, Jim hears something banging on the door.

Jim is officially freaked the fuck out.

>Status:
>Health: 10/10
>Inventory: Food x2, Drink x3, $20, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 29893 ID: f78140

>>29891
you may want to make it a priority to find someone to watch your back. 2 bodies are better than 1, and all that.
>>
No. 29894 ID: 46df2e

>>29891

Go outside and use your flashlight to look in through the window.
>>
No. 29898 ID: fdc826
File 125037805219.png - (18.78KB , 580x640 , 1-15.png )
29898

>>29893

Well, Jim didn't have too many friends, and the only one that lives nearby is Charlie, the aforementioned gun nut. His house is a little to the south.

>>29894

Jim thinks that's a pretty good idea. He clicks on the flashlight and... damn it, that was predictable. Looks like he got its attention, too.

>Status:
>Health: 10/10
>Inventory: Food x2, Drink x3, $20, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 29900 ID: 6faa8c

>>29898
It'll probably try to break through the window. Stay to one side, equip axe, behead the second the neck is visible.
>>
No. 29903 ID: 9a71e2

>>29898
Taunt it until it comes out the window.
Beat the shit out of whatever is in reach.
>>
No. 29911 ID: fdc826
File 125037886584.png - (18.80KB , 580x640 , 1-16.png )
29911

>>29900
>>29903

Jim prepares for some good ol' fashion zombie choppin'...

[mini-cutscene]
>>
No. 29914 ID: fdc826

>>29911

Just as the zombie breaks through the window, Jim aims a solid chop straight at its head. A few bits of brain fly out.

Jim is apparently enjoying himself.

[/cutscene]

(By the way, sorry if I'm a bit slow today; my router's being a bitch.)

>Status:
>Health: 10/10
>Inventory: Food x2, Drink x3, $20, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 29915 ID: fdc826
File 125037914333.png - (19.10KB , 580x640 , 1-17.png )
29915

>>29914
Forgot the image.
>>
No. 29916 ID: 6faa8c

>>29914
Swing around to the other side of the house and check the other window the same way.
>>
No. 29917 ID: acdc9b

>>29915
Also, do you recognize the zombie? Was it one of the people who lived in the house, or someone else?
>>
No. 29922 ID: d4a9f4

>>29915
Well, let's go looting.
>>
No. 29925 ID: fdc826
File 125037970249.png - (19.15KB , 580x640 , 1-18.png )
29925

>>29916

Jim walks around to the other end of the house, and peers into the window. The lights are on in this one, so he doesn't need the flashlight.

From what he can see, there's another corpse, right next to... hey, a gun. Sweet. And there's some ammo on the table.

>>29917

Yes, Jim believes it's another one of the guys who lived here. Same with the new corpse seen here.

By process of elimination, that means either the girl escaped, or her corpse is hidden around here somewhere.

>Status:
>Health: 10/10
>Inventory: Food x2, Drink x3, $20, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 29928 ID: f4963f

Might as well look into the room that had the zombie in it, and then start poking around for supplies. Who knows when we'll have another chance.
>>
No. 29929 ID: 6faa8c

>>29925
Guns are useful, but we should stick with the axe until we know better how these zombies work in terms of senses. Can they hear really well? Do they rely on sight only?

Until we are certain about these, using a nonsilenced firearm may only draw more Zeds to you.Let's head for the Gun-nut's place, he's probably ready for this shite. Make sure to make contact ahead of time, somehow.
>>
No. 29931 ID: 46df2e

>>29925

Become confused because your neighbor's house does not appear to have a bathroom or any bedrooms.
>>
No. 29933 ID: acdc9b

>>29925
There looks like there might be something useful in the room with the corpse, but don't get bogged down too long. You need to get what you can and KEEP MOVING. After the looting, move on to Charlie's house and pray that he's still alive. Or that his guns haven't already been looted.
>>
No. 29939 ID: fdc826
File 125038106692.png - (4.60KB , 336x180 , 1-19 inv.png )
29939

>>29928
>>29933

Jim loots the house, taking everything he can. Most of the food is gone, but he manages to find enough for another day.

It turns out the door to the gun room was locked, but Jim managed to smash through the window with his axe with a little trouble.

>PISTOL Acquired!
>RoF: 2 shots/turn
>Damage: Low
>Mag. Capacity: 8 rounds

(Making another post in a second...)
>>
No. 29940 ID: acdc9b

>>29925
Unplug the TV and close the blinds on the window leading into that room. With any luck you can come back to loot it later. ;)
>>
No. 29943 ID: fdc826
File 125038156687.png - (18.84KB , 580x640 , 1-19.png )
29943

>>29929

Jim decides it'd be better to call Charlie ahead of time, as getting shot in the head would suck ass.

When he reaches his phone, he notices something odd; he has 16 new messages, all from Charlie, and all spread between the course of about three days: August 18th, 19th, and earlier today, August 21st.

Jim remembers driving home on the 17th.

...Anyway, Jim listens to most of the messages. They all seem to be variants of "Dude, Jim! Where the hell are you!?", and, as mentioned, they're all from Charlie.

Finally, Jim decides to try calling Charlie a few times, but he doesn't seem to be picking up.

>Status:
>Health: 10/10
>Inventory: Food x2, Drink x3, $20, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(8/16),
>planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 29945 ID: 6faa8c

>>29943
Let's head out. You have a bike or anything smaller and quieter than your car?
>>
No. 29951 ID: fdc826
File 125038288735.png - (18.87KB , 580x640 , 1-20.png )
29951

>>29945

Nope, just the car.

And speaking of the car, Jim remembers stopping at a gas station before he blacked out, but now he only has half of a tank left.

To the immediate north is a gas station, the same one he remembers refueling at, and to the south a short way is Charlie's place. Furthermore, Jim can see two columns of smoke to the north, and he can hear faint gunfire and shouting to the south.

Where to?

>Status:
>Health: 10/10
>Inventory: Food x2, Drink x3, $20, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(8/16),
>planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 29953 ID: 6faa8c

>>29951
>gunfire
Guns means people, shooting means zombies.

Head to Charlie's, but be ready to duck for cover at a moments notice.
>>
No. 29954 ID: fdc826
File 125038348618.png - (10.59KB , 580x640 , 1-22.png )
29954

>>29953

Jim drives south.

There's a house here. Jim doesn't know who used(?) to live here, and he can't hear or see any movement. The curtains appear to be closed.

>Status:
>Health: 10/10
>Inventory: Food x2, Drink x3, $20, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(8/16),
>planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 29960 ID: bffa2a

>>29954

Drive slowly past it, if there's humans there they'll hear your car and hopefully show themselves. Zombies can stay there.
>>
No. 29962 ID: 6faa8c

>>29954
>>29960

SUPPLIES!

We need to gather all we can while we can. See if there's a window on the door, if not, make noise at a window and wait for the zombie or person.
>>
No. 29969 ID: fdc826
File 125038443096.png - (10.67KB , 580x640 , 1-23.png )
29969

There's no window on the door, so Jim walks around to a window and knocks. Nothing.

More gunfire and yelling from the south, though, and this time Jim can make out what's being said:

"YEAH, COME ON, MOTHERFUCKERS! I'VE GOT ENOUGH AMMO FOR ALL OF YOU!"

*BLAM*

"AND STAY DOWN, BITCH!"

...In fact, that sounds a lot like Charlie. Huh.

>Status:
>Health: 10/10
>Inventory: Food x2, Drink x3, $20, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(8/16),
>planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 29972 ID: acdc9b

>>29969
Looting later. Acquire allies now.

Yell out "Hey Charles, it's me, Jim!"
>>
No. 29977 ID: fdc826
File 125038554511.png - (10.55KB , 580x640 , 1-24.png )
29977

>>29972

"Hey Charles, it's me, Jim!"

Jim gets a response:

"DON'T-"

*BLAM*

"DON'T CALL ME CHARLES, DAMN IT!"

Jim speeds off down the road.

(Another post coming...)
>>
No. 29984 ID: fdc826
File 125038592966.png - (15.74KB , 580x640 , 1-25.png )
29984

Jim arrives. There's quite a bit going on here.

>CHARLIE Acquired!
>Inventory: Food x1, Rifle(5/18)

>RIFLE Acquired!
>RoF: 1/2 shots/turn (Bolt-action)
>Damage: High
>Capacity: 5 rounds

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 10/10
>Health (Charlie): 8/10
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x3, $20, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(8/16), rifle(5/18)
>planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 29995 ID: acdc9b

>>29984
Start humming the Charles in Charge theme song.
>>
No. 29996 ID: bffa2a

>>29984

Drive over as many zombies as you can. I can see three possible targets. Honk horn after and see if the rest would kindly come over so you could back over them.
>>
No. 29997 ID: fdc826
File 125038671113.png - (15.78KB , 580x640 , 1-25.png )
29997

>>29984

Health bars are accurate now.

>>29995
>ERROR: Jim is already humming the Charles in Charge theme!
>>
No. 30004 ID: 6faa8c

>>29997
CAR-FU TIME.
>>
No. 30013 ID: acdc9b

>>29997
Well then start singing it out loud, dammit! Get progressively louder until you're practically yelling by the time you do a badass 180 with the car, running over the last zombie, and jumping out in front of Charlie with your arms waving in the air!
>>
No. 30015 ID: fdc826
File 125038751041.png - (16.43KB , 580x640 , 1-26.png )
30015

>>29996

Jim runs down a few rotting sacks of flesh, and honks the horn to get the others' attention.

The zombies in question are too interested in Charlie to take notice, and the honking has attracted unwanted attention!

Charlie works the bolt on his rifle, and takes a step back.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 10/10
>Health (Charlie): 8/10
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x3, $20, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(8/16), rifle(5/18)
>planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 30019 ID: bffa2a

>>30015

Oh, goody. If it's just those run them over. If not drive to the north side of house and yell Charlie to exit through window for our getaway.
>>
No. 30022 ID: f98e0b

Get out and help him with the axe.
>>
No. 30025 ID: fdc826

>>30019

All the exits seem to be barricaded or covered in zombies. Hmm...

>>30013

...Jim has an idea.
>>
No. 30036 ID: 6faa8c

>>30025
Execute IDEA.
>>
No. 30037 ID: acdc9b

>>30036
Execute ZOMBIES.
>>
No. 30039 ID: fdc826
File 125039046846.png - (16.63KB , 580x640 , charles in charge 1.png )
30039

[cutscene]

"New boy in the neighborhood,
lives downstairs and it's understood,
he's there just to take good care of me,
like he's one of the family..."
>>
No. 30040 ID: fdc826
File 125039051137.png - (16.86KB , 580x640 , charles in charge 2.png )
30040

"Charles in charge,
of our days and our nights,
Charles in charge,
of our wrongs and our rights...

And I sing, I WANT,
I WANT CHARLES IN CHARGE OF ME!"
>>
No. 30042 ID: fdc826
File 125039055074.png - (17.73KB , 580x640 , charles in charge 3.png )
30042

"CHARLES IN CHARGE,
OF OUR DAYS AND OUR NIGHTS,

"Jim, what the fuck-"

"CHARLES IN CHARGE,
OF OUR WRONGS AND OUR RIGHTS..."
>>
No. 30043 ID: fdc826
File 125039060398.png - (18.45KB , 580x640 , charles in charge 4.png )
30043

"AND I SING, I WANT,
I WANT CHARLES IN CHARGE OF MEEEE!!!"

"Jim, what the fuck!?'

"Get in!"
>>
No. 30044 ID: fdc826
File 125039063549.png - (18.50KB , 580x640 , charles in charge 5.png )
30044

"Jim...

Jim, what the hell just happened?"

"I have no clue, Charlie.

I have no fucking clue."
>>
No. 30046 ID: fdc826
File 125039074674.png - (16.25KB , 696x712 , Chapter 1 complete.png )
30046

>>
No. 30048 ID: f98e0b

This is now a watched quest.
>>
No. 30049 ID: acdc9b

FUCK YESSSS!!!!

Jim, you are the best pokemon EVER!
>>
No. 30845 ID: fdc826
File 125055396226.png - (110.63KB , 699x1011 , Chapter 2 Start.png )
30845

>>
No. 30846 ID: fdc826
File 125055399639.png - (6.90KB , 336x358 , 2-1 inv.png )
30846

>Charlie has found $70 in his wallet.
>>
No. 30847 ID: fdc826

Charlie: "So, what now?"

Jim: "Hey, don't ask me man, you're the one in charge here."

Charlie: "...Fuck you."

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 10/10
>Health (Charlie): 8/10
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x3, $90, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(8/16), rifle(5/15)
>planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 30848 ID: fdc826
File 125055409716.png - (18.50KB , 580x640 , 2-1.png )
30848

>>30847
Forgot this.
>>
No. 30851 ID: bf9427

>>30848
Should we try to remember what happened during our blackout? Run over the zombies and then head to gas station to refresh memories.
>>
No. 30853 ID: bde1b8

>>30848
Turn RIGHT. Drive past approaching zombies, and get out of dodge.

Lets look for a grocery store to hole up in.
>>
No. 30856 ID: f78140

>>30848
ask charie if he's got anything in the house we should get before we leave. (looks like there is more ammo in his room?)
>>
No. 30861 ID: 7eda8b

Say "So is this everywhere? Global apocalypse? Or just zombies in one place? I've been unconscious for a few days. And now I've got bite marks. So, y'know. If I start going bad, you gotta shoot me."
>>
No. 30862 ID: acdc9b

>>30856
Yeah, it looks like there's some useful stuff in his house.

Try driving away and letting the zombies chase you and then driving back and dropping off Charlie to grab any important stuff.
>>
No. 30866 ID: bffa2a

>>30847

So, Charlie. Were you bitten?
>>
No. 30867 ID: fdc826

>>30861
Jim: "So is this everywhere? Global apocalypse? Or just zombies in one place? I've been unconscious for a few days. And now I've got bite marks. So, y'know. If I start going bad, you gotta shoot me."

Charlie: "Dude, I don't know shit about what's goin' on; I've been stuck in my house since the shit hit the fan. Which would be, I dunno, two days ago? Three? Doesn't matter now, I guess."

And about that bite... well, I saw a guy get bit yesterday, just outside my window. I wasn't watchin' a clock, but he seemed to turn pretty quick... it felt like ten minutes, maybe fifteen. And you're obviously not a zed, so I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe it was a hobo or somethin'."

Jim: "Well, that's good to hear, I guess. Before we get the fuck outta here, do you have anything left in there? Your house, I mean."

Charlie: "Actually, yeah. Some medical supplies 'n shit. I've got the last of my ammo on me, though."

(Actual image coming in a minute, and sorry for the short delay. I had to take a call.)
>>
No. 30869 ID: 6164e0

There are too many zombies here right now, but on the other hand, if we can use the much louder car to attract their attention, Charlie has time to grab more guns and whatnot from the house, and load it up into bags. Then you can head back, and pick him and his bags containing food, ammo, survival gear and guns, and drive off.
>>
No. 30870 ID: 6164e0

>>30867
We have a car with actual gas right now. We want to load this fucker up with as much stuff as we can.

We will re-prioritize stuff after the car is rendered inoperable.
>>
No. 30871 ID: fdc826
File 125055634732.png - (18.62KB , 580x640 , 2-2.png )
30871

>>30862
>>30869

Charlie reluctantly jumps out of the car, and caps a zombie while he's at it. If nothing else, the bastard's a good shot with a rifle.

Jim backs up, honking and waving his arms. It seems to be working...

(One more coming in a moment.)

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 10/10
>Health (Charlie): 8/10
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x3, $90, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(8/16), rifle(4/15)
>planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 30872 ID: f78140

>>30867
if there is one, head to IKEA. (i mean the kind where they have the 99c breakfast and multiple floors, etc, not just a tinyass location.)
>>
No. 30881 ID: fdc826
File 125055675614.png - (18.70KB , 580x640 , 2-3.png )
30881

Charlie has gathered 1 roll of bandages, 1 medkit, and 1 day's worth of soda. He also reloads his rifle.

Jim drives forward, preparing to pick him up.

(Next post, Charlie will get in the car on his own.)

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 10/10
>Health (Charlie): 8/10
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x3,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(8/16), rifle(5/14)
>medkit, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 30894 ID: fdc826

>>30881

(But, uh, don't take that last part the wrong way; I'm taking suggestions now.)
>>
No. 30898 ID: acdc9b

>>30894
Okay, we need to keep track of both immediate priorities and long-term.

Immediate needs are met with food and water, but they won't last forever. It's vital that you be able to move, so you need to find a gas station, or a place where they might store extra gasoline. If the gas station isn't working, you could loot sheds with lawn mowers.

Long-term needs are a bit trickier; you need more information on the situation. Try turning on the radio and scanning several different channels, listening for news updates. It's important to find out whether this is localized or wide-spread so we can determine a destination or other plan of action.
>>
No. 30904 ID: f78140

>>30894
seriously. IKEA.
>>
No. 30911 ID: fdc826

>>30898

Gas station it is, then. It's to the NW of Jim's house, so he drives off to the north.

Along the way, Jim convinces Charlie to get out the radio and check a few news channels. Nothing. Well, there's static, but that's about it.

But... hold on. Jim thinks he can hear something, but just barely. It's an insanely deep, slightly echoing voice. Jim can't tell what it's saying, just that it's some creepy-ass shit. It cuts out after a few minutes, and Charlie doesn't seem at all bothered by it.

(Traveling; one more post coming.)
>>
No. 30914 ID: fdc826
File 125055838045.png - (18.77KB , 580x640 , 2-4.png )
30914

>>30911

I really have to stop forgetting these.
>>
No. 30916 ID: 6faa8c

>>30911
SPECIAL INFECTED ONE: SHOUTER?
>>
No. 30918 ID: acdc9b

>>30911
That's... unfortunate. Even if the creepy voice is nothing, the fact that no stations are broadcasting is highly disturbing.

Why don't you have XM radio?!
>>
No. 30923 ID: 01383e

>>30918
you know what this means? the radio stations have already been eliminated, all that stands between us and free radio towers is a building full of zombies.
>>
No. 30924 ID: fdc826
File 12505589184.png - (19.20KB , 580x640 , 2-5.png )
30924

>>30866

Charlie says he wasn't bitten, but one of the zombies hit him in the face with a piece of concrete. He says it was kind of badass.

>>30904

That can probably wait until after they get some fuel from the gas station; they're already pretty lo- oh. Shit. Looks like Jim's out of gas. But, oddly enough, the meter's still stuck on 1/4 tank. Jim thinks it's probably broken.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 10/10
>Health (Charlie): 8/10
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x3,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(8/16), rifle(5/14)
>medkit, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 30926 ID: acdc9b

>>30924
Fuck. Okay, looting time. Search for a house with a shed. Stay on the move, have Charlie check one side of the street and you check the other. Stick together and use the axe to break through any locks. If you encounter zombies, try to use the melee weapons. Save the ammo for any 'badass' zombies or if you are way outnumbered.
>>
No. 30927 ID: f78140

>>30914
after you've gotten gas, head for an IKEA, if there is one. IKEAs feature several things that would be good for now; most of them are 'environmentally friendly', meaning they have their own generators, and their forklifts are battery powered; you and charlie could build some sort of forklift tank for future travel, prehaps. they are also set up to provide food, via their sweets section, and the 99c thing. the furnature is all already disassembled into convient boards for building defenses or blocking doors. also, nobody goes to IKEA except when they're looking for furnature, so there are good chances of very few zombies nearby.
>>
No. 30929 ID: acdc9b

>>30927
That... is brilliant. I'll have to remember that for my own zombie plan.

Unfortunately we have to find gas first.
>>
No. 30930 ID: bd2eec

No, we seem to be pretty okay. If zeds are slow-moving, then they have some time before they'll get up to your position. I suggest having Jim throws the car in neutral and both him and Charlie get out and push it up to the gas station which doesn't seem to be very far.
To be able to keep it from turning, Jim should push from the driver side door and steer.
>>
No. 30931 ID: acdc9b

>>30930
Problem is, we don't know for sure if the gas station is still operational.

Not to mention there might be some special infected that are faster, plus if there's a horde of slow zombies later on down the road then we're really in trouble.
>>
No. 30935 ID: bd2eec

>>30931
Well we need to get gas from somewhere and that gas station will either have gas or cars to loot gas from (provided we can find a hose). Taking a chance on trying to find a workshed with a gallon of gas in it is riskier than just pushing a car up the road. They'll have their guns and can keep an eye out for each other while they push.
>>
No. 30936 ID: acdc9b

>>30935
The two aren't mutually exclusive. They can keep an eye out for sheds while pushing the car.
>>
No. 30939 ID: f78140

since the car is out of gas, ditch it. it's no longer providing the one absolutely necisarry thing for it to do; locomote. pushing it will just make you and charlie tired faster, and that's the last thing you need when you're trying to get away from zombies.
>>30929
and i bet you thought i was just trolling.
>>
No. 30960 ID: fdc826

Wow, just wow. The dog just took a shit in the corner, and I swear to god it was green. GREEN.

I then spent half an hour finding the carpet-cleaning stuff, which gave it time to form a hardened crust around itself. Scraping that off the carpet was about the most unpleasant thing ever.

Anyway, back to the zombie thing. I'll have Jim and Charlie push the car towards the gas station, but the station is pretty close; there aren't any houses between Jim's place and it. They'll keep an eye out for zeds along the way.
>>
No. 30965 ID: acdc9b

>>30960
Your dog is infected! Quick, check inventory! :O
>>
No. 30973 ID: fdc826
File 125056331887.jpg - (403.87KB , 1969x2889 , rock small.jpg )
30973

>>30965
I dunno man, she doesn't look infected to me.

(Update in a sec...)
>>
No. 30976 ID: fdc826
File 12505635944.png - (14.93KB , 580x640 , 2-6.png )
30976

Charlie and Jim get out and push.

To the north, they find the source of one of the pillars of smoke: a pit full of semi-decomposed and scorched corpses. There's a pile of spent ammunition casings and empty magazines right next to it. It smells terrible.

Charlie says he can hear something moving around near that wrecked car.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 10/10
>Health (Charlie): 8/10
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x3,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(8/16), rifle(5/14)
>medkit, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 30979 ID: 01383e

>>30976
eliminate ZOMBIES in car.

check GAS GAUGE

siphon GAS, salvage TUBING from CAR BATTERY WIRING if necessary.
>>
No. 30985 ID: acdc9b

Yell out asking if there are survivors, get ready to axe any zombies.
>>
No. 30995 ID: fdc826
File 125056452610.png - (14.95KB , 580x640 , 2-7.png )
30995

>>30979

Jim tells Charlie to go check for gas in the wrecked truck, while he goes to take care of- OH WHAT THE FUCK!?

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 10/10
>Health (Charlie): 8/10
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x3,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(8/16), rifle(5/14)
>medkit, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 30997 ID: bde1b8

>>30995
WHAT IS THAT.

WHAT.

WHAT IS THAT.

MOVE AND SHOOT MOVE AND SHOOOOT!
>>
No. 30998 ID: f4963f

What... what -is- that?!

Get back from it, fast. It seems to have a long reach, but guns can shoot further.

Kill it. Kill it with gunfire!
>>
No. 31003 ID: 01383e

>>30995
stop one: ELIMINATE ZOMBIES

COMMENCE OBJECTIVE ALPHA, BEGIN DESTRUCTION SEQUENCES
>>
No. 31005 ID: fdc826
File 125056537189.png - (15.18KB , 580x640 , 2-8.png )
31005

Jim panics, and before he can begin firing, and the... *thing* grabs his pistol and tosses it aside!

Charlie sees this, and pulls his rifle out, firing it over the truck's bed. His shot takes one of the creature's tentacles off, and it lets out an ear-piercing screech.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 10/10
>Health (Charlie): 8/10
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x3,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(8/16), rifle(4/14)
>medkit, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 31006 ID: acdc9b

Initiative move: Crazed Ax Murderer!

Go for the core!
>>
No. 31007 ID: 6faa8c

>>31005
GET YER GUN

DODGE THE SHIT OUTTA THAT THING AND LET CHARLIE HANDLE IT
>>
No. 31008 ID: f4963f

No, don't get close to that thing! Do as much damage as you can from a range, only move in if you have to.

It's obviously intelligent enough to steal our weapons, we don't want to tangle with it at that close a range.
>>
No. 31011 ID: 01383e

>>31005
ohshitohshitohshit

EAT ZOMBIE
>>
No. 31015 ID: fdc826
File 125056617571.png - (15.47KB , 580x640 , 2-9.png )
31015

While Charlie works the bolt on his rifle, Jim goes for his pistol. The monster-thing picks up the tire from the wrecked truck and tosses it at Jim's head!

>Jim takes 3 damage!

Shortly afterward, the creature... starts running? Holy shit, it's running!

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 7/10
>Health (Charlie): 8/10
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x3,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(8/16), rifle(4/14)
>medkit, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 31017 ID: 01383e

>>31015
kill that fucker dead. SO DEAD. probably with bullets, as is jim/charlie's preference
>>
No. 31018 ID: acdc9b

>>31015
Way to go, guys. If we'd gotten in close it wouldn't've been able to throw a tire at us...
>>
No. 31020 ID: f4963f

>>31018
Because being dragged off in a monster's tentacles or bitten by some freaky octopus mouth is so much better than having a tire chucked at our heads. Obviously this critter is at least intelligent.

And yes. Chase it off with gunfire. If it dies, so much the better.
>>
No. 31026 ID: acdc9b

>>31020
It woulda been so surprised by the blitzkrieg attack that it would have been cleaved in twain.
>>
No. 31028 ID: fdc826
File 125056716522.png - (15.93KB , 580x640 , 2-10.png )
31028

Jim slowly makes his way over to the pistol He's feeling pretty dizzy.

Meanwhile, Charlie fires another shot, while shouting various obscenities. He scores another hit, and the creature screeches again.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 7/10
>Health (Charlie): 8/10
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x3,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(8/16), rifle(3/14)
>medkit, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 31029 ID: f4963f

FFFFF-

INCOMING. Forget siphoning the gas. Put some distance between you and those SOBs.
>>
No. 31045 ID: fdc826
File 125056905590.png - (15.72KB , 580x640 , 2-11.png )
31045

>>31029

Charlie hears the approaching tentacle-things and spins around, working the bolt as he does so.

Charlie: "Oh, shit! Shit shit shit! Jim, we gotta get the hell outta here!"

Jim mumbles something out as a response, while slowly stumbling towards Charlie, keeping an eye on the creatures. He's having some difficulty walking.

The monsters are closing in pretty quickly.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 7/10
>Health (Charlie): 8/10
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x3,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(8/16), rifle(3/14)
>medkit, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 31046 ID: 6faa8c

>>31045
fuckfuckfuckFUCK

NONE OF THAT DRINK IS ALCOHOL, IS IT? FUUUUUCK
>>
No. 31047 ID: 6faa8c

>>31046
shoot the gas tank on the truck as they approach! I know it shouldn't work in real life! But it miiiight!
>>
No. 31054 ID: 01383e

>>31045
Grab tire. Huck at monsters. Shoot at tire when they catch it, creating DISTRACTIONARY RUBBER ROCKET.
>>
No. 31056 ID: f4963f

Jim, pop a painkiller. We need to concentrate here.

Charlie, plug them full of lead.
>>
No. 31059 ID: fdc826
File 125057137561.png - (15.91KB , 580x640 , 2-12.png )
31059

>>31056

Jim takes a few painkillers. He doesn't remember what the recommended dose was, but he doesn't give half a shit. It takes a second, but Jim now feels ready to kick some ass.

Charlie: "Yo, Jim! Toss me your gun!

Jim does so.

Charlie: "DIE, MOTHERFUCKERS!"

Charlie proceeds to plug the monsters full of lead. The lead creature tries to defend itself, but ends up with a severed tentacle and a hole in its chest. Charlie also scores a hit on the other creature's head. Neither one goes down, but they both move distractedly, as if the movement is causing them pain. They're tough, but Charlie has a feeling they can't take much more.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 10(7)/10
>Health (Charlie): 8/10
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x3,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(6/16), rifle(2/14)
>medkit, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 31062 ID: f4963f

>>31059
Charlie, you badass.

Keep plugging away. Jim, get your fireaxe at the ready. Swing if they get too close.
>>
No. 31063 ID: bde1b8

>>31059
Circle in front of the blue car and hide behind the red car. When the left tentacle zombie approaches, smack it with the hammer.

Note that at the rate they are moving this might involve it already being ahead of the ambush point, in which case you hammer it from behind.

Aim for the head!
>>
No. 31075 ID: fdc826
File 125057312468.png - (16.39KB , 580x640 , 2-13.png )
31075

>>31062
>>31063

Jim compromises and decides to ambush one of the tentacle zombies with his axe. It doesn't work out quite as planned, but Jim's axe ends up buried in zombie flesh anyway, so all is well.

Meanwhile, Charlie continues firing with the pistol, as he can't work the rifle's bolt with one hand. He squeezes off two rounds straight into the creature's head and chest, and the bastard finally stops moving, except for a bit of twitching.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 10(7)/10
>Health (Charlie): 8/10
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers, bandages x3,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(4/16), rifle(2/14)
>medkit, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 31077 ID: 6faa8c

>>31075
Toss the bodies into the firepit.
>>
No. 31078 ID: f4963f

Charlie, toss the bodies in the firepit. Jim, begin siphoning the blue car's gas into yours.
>>
No. 31086 ID: fdc826
File 125057427651.png - (16.37KB , 580x640 , 2-14.png )
31086

Charlie drags the two corpses into the corpse pit. While doing so, he realizes that, while these things used to be human, they apparently have no bones whatsoever. It's kind of gross.

He also takes the time to reload both guns.

>>31078
>Jim, begin siphoning the blue car's gas into yours.

Jim has no idea how he's going to do that.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9(7)/10
>Health (Charlie): 8/10
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers(2/3), bandages x3,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(8/12), rifle(5/11)
>medkit, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 31087 ID: 6faa8c

>>31086
Do we have a length of rubber hose?
>>
No. 31089 ID: fdc826

>>31087

Not at the moment, unless you can figure out how to make one.
>>
No. 31091 ID: 6164e0

>>31089
Check under the hood of the wrecked car, as well as a through check of glove box, divider and trunk contents (take the extra wheel if it is the right size, and any car maintenence stuff that you don't have in your car.

Somewhere in the engine there will be a length of tube that can be used for siphoning gas if removed. Take it out (as well as the other car's batter and spark plugs).

Then push your car next to it, get ready to siphon gas.
>>
No. 31093 ID: 6faa8c

>>31089
Kinda hard to siphon anything.

It's not like we could just remove the tank entirely, either...
>>
No. 31100 ID: f4963f

>Wrecked Car

Easiest question first - is the car just smashed up with a dead driver, or is it actually in an undrivable condition? Were keys left inside?
>>
No. 31101 ID: 01383e

>>31087
get RUBBER HOSE from CAR BATTER INSULATION. remove WIRING by simply pulling it out- it's designed to do that, and will come out fairly easily unless it's been melted.
>>
No. 31102 ID: fdc826
File 125057589445.png - (16.22KB , 580x640 , 2-15.png )
31102

>>31091

The car's engine is in pretty bad shape, and the car has already been looted fairly thoroughly, but Jim manages to salvage a length of rubber tube and a car battery from the wreck.

He then siphons a bit of gas out of the car, and into his. He's not sure how much gas that was, but it didn't seem like a whole lot.

Meanwhile, Charlie starts up a conversation:

Charlie: "Hey, Jim, I almost forgot, have you seen Jessie anywhere?"

Jim: "That's your girlfriend, right? Well, you know, I've been fucking unconscious for several days, so I'd say no."

Charlie: "Well, shit... hey, uh, you think the suburbs have been hit by this shit yet? You know, the zombies and stuff."

Jim: "Charlie, if I knew, I'd tell you. Plus, I'm sure she's fine. She seemed pretty smart when I met her."

Charlie: "If you say so, Jim..."

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9(7)/10
>Health (Charlie): 8/10
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers(2/3), bandages x3,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(8/12), rifle(5/11)
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 31105 ID: fdc826

>>31100

There's some blood on the driver's seat, but the corpse is missing. And, yes, the car's pretty much undrivable unless some extensive repairs are made.

By the way, I think I'm going to go ahead and stop for tonight. I'll be back tomorrow, probably in around 10-14 hours from now.
>>
No. 31106 ID: fdc826

>>31105

Feel free to keep making suggestions, though. And there's a thread up in /questdis/ if anybody hasn't seen it yet.
>>
No. 31107 ID: 6164e0

>>31102
Okay.

Well, you don't really have the tools to properly transfer the fuel, so unless repeated attempts to siphon the fuel will yield more for the tank, lets just get set up and pull out a map from the glovebox.

Then, start figuring out where food stores, gun stores and hospitals are in the area from what you and charlie remember.
>>
No. 31252 ID: f4963f

The big question is, do we have enough fuel to get to a gas station?

We need to tank up properly, and gas stations often have food and water supplies as well.

After that, we should probably check up on Jessie. If she's still alive, a third survivor would be a great boon to us.
>>
No. 31253 ID: f4963f

Also, Jim: Apply a bandage.
>>
No. 31290 ID: fdc826
File 125062617423.png - (7.51KB , 336x358 , 2-16 inv.png )
31290

>Jim applies 1 roll of bandages. 2 permanent health gained.
>>
No. 31291 ID: acdc9b

Have you guys never played L4D on Expert?! Save your pills until you're limping so bad you're being left behind. Save your medkits (or bandages in this case) until you can't take any more damage before permanently kicking the bucket.

You guys are playing worse than the shitty bots! >.<
>>
No. 31293 ID: fdc826
File 125062633397.png - (16.38KB , 580x640 , 2-16.png )
31293

>>31252

The fuel meter in the car is still stuck on 1/4 tank. Like Jim thought earlier, it's probably broken, and they have no way of knowing exactly how much gas they have. Either way, the gas station is very close, off to the west.

As for Jessie, she lives NW of Charlie's place, and SW of Jim's house.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 10(9)/10
>Health (Charlie): 8/10
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(8/12), rifle(5/11)
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 31294 ID: 6faa8c

The more allies we have, the better. Go get Jessie!
>>
No. 31295 ID: fdc826

>>31290

Shit, forgot to put the medkit in there. Just, uh, imagine there's a red box-bag-thing with a cross on it floating around in Jim's inventory.
>>
No. 31301 ID: fdc826

>>31294

Well, maybe I didn't mention this, but her house is pretty damn far south from where we are now. Even with a little help from the car, the sun may be down by the time they get there.
>>
No. 31304 ID: bffa2a

>>31293

Fuelstation, car, go.
>>
No. 31305 ID: 6faa8c

>>31301
Damn, then. Alright, fuel then her place.
>>
No. 31312 ID: fdc826
File 12506280907.png - (17.96KB , 580x640 , 2-17.png )
31312

Jim and Charlie hop in the car, and drive west.

Once again, there's plenty to take in here. First, and most obvious, is the fact that the pumps, as well as half the goddamn station, are gone. As in, they exploded. This is apparently the source of the second pillar of smoke Jim saw earlier.

Secondly, there are three zombies straight ahead, two of which are different from anything seen thus far; most of their flesh has apparently decomposed, or simply fallen off, leaving bone and muscle tissue exposed. As Jim and Charlie arrive, they both simultaneously cock their heads in the car's direction. And, apparently, they have no eyes, only empty, bleeding sockets.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 10(9)/10
>Health (Charlie): 8/10
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(8/12), rifle(5/11)
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 31314 ID: f78140

>>31312
have charlie pick them off from afar with his rifle. watch his back if they get too close.
>>
No. 31319 ID: bffa2a

>>31312

Tell Charlie to rifle them, if they get close car plow past them. Rinse and repeat.
>>
No. 31322 ID: 6faa8c

>>31312
Fast zombies?

Tell Charlie to shoot any weird zombies first from now on. All of them seem more potentially dangerous. Skellies are probably faster, Tentacles are able to hurl shit...
>>
No. 31324 ID: fdc826
File 125062902397.png - (18.08KB , 580x640 , 2-18.png )
31324

Charlie leans out the window and kills one of the skellies with his rifle, while yelling something about having half of a life or some shit. Jim doesn't really care.

In any case, these new ones seem to die quickly, but they're really goddamn fast.

(And I'm not coming up with names for the special zombies, so I'll use anything you guys think of, as long as it's not retarded.)

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9/10 (Painkillers have worn off)
>Health (Charlie): 8/10
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(8/12), rifle(4/11)
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 31325 ID: 6faa8c

>>31324
Fucking Fast zombies, I knew it. ram the car into the second speedy if need be. Fave Charlie pick off any remainders then raid this place.
>>
No. 31329 ID: f4963f

Flatten the two zeds up ahead. Try to pick off the visible ones in the station from a range.
>>
No. 31332 ID: bffa2a

>>31329

Let's conserve ammunition. Drive over normal zombie and eithe use pistol or axe to deal with the last two.
>>
No. 31365 ID: fdc826
File 125063762225.png - (18.07KB , 580x640 , 2-19.png )
31365

>>31325
>>31329
>>31332

Like seemingly everything else lately, it doesn't work out quite as planned.

Not only can these fuckers run, they can apparently jump pretty damn high too.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9/10
>Health (Charlie): 8/10
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(8/12), rifle(4/11)
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 31367 ID: f98e0b

OH GOD CHARLIE KILL IT KILL IT
>>
No. 31368 ID: 6faa8c

>>31365
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
*inhale*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
No. 31369 ID: f4963f

Jim, axe that thing!
>>
No. 31372 ID: bffa2a

>>31365

Charlie, would you please shoot that thing off my hood. Drive over second bee and brake suddenly.
>>
No. 31397 ID: fdc826
File 125064401460.png - (18.40KB , 580x640 , 2-20.png )
31397

Jim guns it, then abruptly stomps on the brakes, splattering a zed and sending the fast zombie flying. Soon after landing, the fucker opens its mouth, apparently to howl or screech for help, but Charlie silences it for good.

The other zombies seem preoccupied with their little snack, and haven't seemed to notice the car yet.

Also, Jim notices a strange sign near the fast zombie's corpse. It looks like it was only recently placed there.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9/10
>Health (Charlie): 8/10
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(8/12), rifle(3/11)
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 31399 ID: 6faa8c

>>31397
READ SIGN
HUG... UH... JESSIE. WHEN YOU SEE HER.
>>
No. 31400 ID: 6164e0

>>31397
Well, then, what does it say?
>>
No. 31401 ID: fdc826
File 125064418758.png - (20.17KB , 714x801 , Friendly sign.png )
31401

Huh.
>>
No. 31402 ID: 6faa8c

>>31401
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

WELL, SIPHON CAR, TURN THE FUCK AROUND.
>>
No. 31405 ID: f78140

>>31397
loot gas station. priority items include
gas can (5G + variety)
road first aid gear
food + water
>>
No. 31406 ID: bffa2a

>>31401

Well, nothing to it. Give charlie pistol to conserve rifle ammo and equip axe. Charlie shoot bees, while Jim covers with an axe if one of them gets close enough. Loot station and see if those red things are gas cans or something.
>>
No. 31408 ID: fdc826
File 125064534394.png - (18.22KB , 580x640 , 2-21.png )
31408

Jim siphons gas from the car, and tells Charlie to go loot some stuff from the station, considering that he's a little better at all this combat shit.

The two, uh, "bees" don't seem to have noticed him yet. How should Charlie go about this?

(And, yes, those red things appear to be gas cans.)

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9/10
>Health (Charlie): 8/10
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(8/12), rifle(5/9)
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 31409 ID: f4963f

>>31401
Not much we can do about that. Hopefully we don't need to get to Jessie's house taking that road?

In any event, let's conserve ammo for these two normal greens. Fireaxe for Jim. Charlie, get ready to use the pistol only if it looks like Jim might be in danger.

Then loot the place empty. Without gas, we're in dire straights.
>>
No. 31410 ID: f4963f

>>31408
Use the pistol. Since they're distracted, take your time to line up a precise shot. The shot will probably draw their attention; kill the second one with the fire axe.
>>
No. 31411 ID: bffa2a

>>31408

Well, first by having Jim beside you, he's your damn meatshield. Then shoot them in the head until they stop moving. Let Jim get bitten since he likes wrasslin with them hobos.

I spy a pistol in there too.
>>
No. 31414 ID: fdc826
File 125064674496.png - (18.63KB , 580x640 , 2-22.png )
31414

Just as Charlie fires a well-aimed shot into the first green's skull, Jim buries his axe in the second one's.

That went surprisingly we-

???: "Roger that, Firebase Quebec; we heard it too. Moving in to check it out, over."

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9/10
>Health (Charlie): 8/10
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>hammer, knife, axe, painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio, pistol(7/12), rifle(5/9)
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 31415 ID: 6faa8c

>>31414
FUCK ARMY DUDES.

Drop weapons, raise hands get on knees, blablabla, ask for escort to a safe location.
>>
No. 31416 ID: fdc826

>>31415

HINT: They don't see us yet.
>>
No. 31417 ID: acdc9b

>>31415
Dude?! Have you not seen the Prototype intro? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RahEtkVxAPA

They're OBVIOUSLY willing to shoot civilians. RUN!
>>
No. 31418 ID: fdc826

>>31416

But, uh, this isn't an attempt at a railroad. Just thought you'd need to know that to make a decision here.
>>
No. 31419 ID: bffa2a

>>31414

What? What! The sign is there, we haven't crossed it. See! You stay on your side we stay on ours, do I have to draw a line. Btw, the fridge and tv is on our side. No, we are not making up and coming home. We live with Jessie now, in fact we have to pick her up. Shoo.

Uh, I mean don't act like a zombie and don't get shot by blackwatch.
>>
No. 31421 ID: acdc9b

>>31419
Nothing crosses the red line. NOTHING crosses the red line. NOTHING CROSSES THE MOTHERFUCKING RED LINE!!!

And the red line is where ever I say it is so nya~! xP


I'm just saying, military is always shoot first, ask questions later. For all they know, they could be infected, or even looters competing for resources.

And THINK about it! If this was the end, if the military was here to SAVE us... this'd be a SHORT game!

Don't trust the military! o_o
>>
No. 31422 ID: fdc826

>>31419
>>31421

Still need a specific course of action here, guys.
>>
No. 31424 ID: acdc9b

>>31421
Are there really only two of them?

If so, I say shoot them. Kill them quick, then steal their radio and report in to Firebase Canad- Quebec that the situation is all clear.
>>
No. 31425 ID: fdc826

>>31424

And, yes, there are only two.

I'll give this 5 more minutes; if no one else makes a suggestion, then I'll go with yours, Durandal.
>>
No. 31427 ID: f4963f

Crud. Well, we're not in the military sector yet. They may just be coming to tell us not to get closer.

Okay. Pick up that spare pistol so you both have firearms, but don't raise them at the troopers yet. Don't open fire unless they do. The undead are problem enough, we don't need trained soldiers trying to kill us.
>>
No. 31428 ID: 6faa8c

>>31424
This is a good idea. Then set up a little 'crime scene'. Make it look like zombies got them and you shot them to be certain. After, make getaway.
>>
No. 31429 ID: f78140

don't shoot the military!
they're just trying to protect everyone they know hasn't been zombied yet.
hide behind the corner of the wall, and only fight them to defend yourself.
>>
No. 31430 ID: acdc9b

>>31429
If we wait until we know the military is hostile, there won't be any recourse once we find out. These are trained soldiers, they don't just spray and pray, and they won't menace with weapons for a convenient 10 seconds before shooting.

Jim and Charlie could very well be infected. The military can't chance that. The lives of two random civilians aren't worth the lives of two soldiers in their eyes.

Please don't get them killed on the hopes that this will be a cheery-eyed hug fest. It'll be a bloodbath... one way or another.
>>
No. 31434 ID: fdc826
File 125065015255.png - (18.74KB , 580x640 , 2-23.png )
31434

Jim runs over to grab the extra pistol, making sure to stay out of sight. It's half-empty (4 rounds).

Meanwhile, Charlie ducks behind part of the demolished wall, clutching his pistol. He would reload, but he thinks the soldiers would hear him.

Charlie can hear the first soldier (shorter weapon) turn off his headset.

Soldier #1: *click* "Hey, Harrison, was this red car here last time?"

Soldier #2: "Now that I think of it... no. No, it wasn't. And that was only half an hour ago."

Soldier #1: "Means somebody's probably still around here somewhere... remember what our orders were. Don't hesitate." *dramatically cocks his submachine gun*

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9/10 [Pistol-4/0][Axe][Knife][Hammer]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Pistol-7/12][Rifle-5/9]
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 31435 ID: f4963f

>>31434
Alright, that's pretty clearly hostile. Open fire on the guy who's not behind cover. Hopefully we can take him down before he pulls off a shot. From there it becomes a two-on-one firefight.
>>
No. 31436 ID: acdc9b

OH THANK GOD WE ALL REALIZE IT'S SMART TO SHOOT THEM NOW THAT WE LOST OUR ELEMENT OF SURPRISE!

FUCKERS
>>
No. 31437 ID: 6faa8c

>>31435
Another upside of killing army dudes: Better armor, better guns, moar ammo
>>
No. 31438 ID: f78140

>>31434
Jim: lure the guards past Charlie by making noise in the isles, behind cover.
Charlie: wait until the guards are past you, then shoot them: if they're wearing armor, shoot them with the rifle. if they aren't, with the handgun.
>>
No. 31446 ID: fdc826
File 125065399395.png - (18.81KB , 580x640 , 2-24.png )
31446

Charlie waits for the first soldier to pass him before opening fire. He's wearing body armor and a helmet, but at this range, Charlie is confident he can hit the back of his head. He was right.

Jim moves back two aisles to get a clear shot on the second soldier, but he takes cover before Jim can take him out.

Soldier #2: "SHIT!" *click* "Firebase Quebec, this is Private Harrison! We just came under fire at sector three-alpha, and Ferguson is down! I repeat, man down at sector three-alpha, multiple hostiles, need support now!"

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9/10 [Pistol-2/0][Axe][Knife][Hammer]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Pistol-5/12][Rifle-5/9]
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 31448 ID: 6164e0

>>31446
FUCK

Okay, both, charge the soldier now, kill him as fast as possible.

Then go outside, and one of you look for their jeep while the other strips the military gear (armor and camo too if possible).

Then load up and get the fuck out of there.
>>
No. 31449 ID: 9891a9

>>31446
Charlie, run to the back of the store, then towards the aisles and hide by Jim, once the soldier comes down the aisles to check for Charlie, Jim can plant an axe firmly into said soldier's neck.
>>
No. 31450 ID: acdc9b

>>31446
RAGEQUIT because your team is fucking retarded.

Seriously, do you guys have shit for brains? "Don't shoot the military, they're here to carry us away on their bulging muscles of pure patriotic brotherly love."

We could have ambushed both of them before they noticed anything was amiss. Now we've got hostiles inbound. Way to go.
>>
No. 31451 ID: bffa2a

>>31446

Jim, shoot shoot shoot to pin and distract. Charlie round out behind blackwatch #2 and shoot him in the head. Grab gasoline and anything you can immeadetly see (especially military armaments) . Drive for Jessie.
>>
No. 31452 ID: f4963f

>>31446
Okay, backup is bad. I agree with earlier posters; hurry the fuck up and get in the jeep, take out the other guy if you can, but if you can't, hell, escape is priority number one.

>>31450
Durandal, they ENTERED after having heard GUNSHOTS. They were suspecting hostiles from the get-go, and we'd be in the exact same situation, just one update earlier. Now quit internet raging. If you have something to contribute instead of throwing a hissy, please do so.
>>
No. 31453 ID: 6faa8c

>>31450
((OOC: I'm picturing a headless suit of black armor slamming his gauntleted fists on a desk, only to have his head roll off and into the hallway. It's amusing.))

FUCK, WE CAN'T HOLD THIS PLACE. IS THERE A BACK DOOR?
>>
No. 31454 ID: acdc9b

>>31452
They moved in to inspect an anomalous sound, not hostiles.

And MY point is that if all you can contribute are shitty ideas, please AVOID doing so.
>>
No. 31455 ID: fdc826
File 125065593415.png - (18.88KB , 580x640 , 2-25.png )
31455

[mini-cutscene]

Charlie moves around the soldier, while Jim provides suppressing fire. The soldier already seems distracted by something, however...

(And, by the way, those were Jim's last two shots.)
>>
No. 31456 ID: fdc826
File 125065606775.png - (18.90KB , 580x640 , 2-26.png )
31456

The soldier tosses something in Jim's direction. That guy has one hell of an arm on hi- OH, SHIT!

[end cutscene]

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9/10 [Pistol-0/0][Axe][Knife][Hammer]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Pistol-5/12][Rifle-5/9]
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 31457 ID: 6faa8c

>>31456
You have three seconds. Don't run straight away, run down the neighboring aisle.
>>
No. 31458 ID: 6faa8c

>>31457
WAIT FUCK NO

Then he'll get a shot at you! FUCK!
>>
No. 31459 ID: 6faa8c

>>31458
I GOT IT

KICK IT AWAY, INTO THE HOLE
>>
No. 31462 ID: fdc826
File 125065719630.png - (19.25KB , 580x640 , 2-27.png )
31462

>>31459

3...

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-"

2...

"-AAAAAAAAAAAA-"

*punt*

"-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

1...

*BOOOM*
>>
No. 31463 ID: fdc826
File 125065725270.png - (16.35KB , 696x712 , Chapter 2 complete.png )
31463

>>
No. 31467 ID: 6faa8c

>>31463
I'm glad you were able to resolve a seemingly impossible scenario in a simple, believable way without any deaths.
>>
No. 31471 ID: fdc826

>>31467
Hell, so am I. In fact, I'm kind of surprised we left the whole "military patrol" situation in the same shape we entered it.

If anything, this proves that you guys are actually pretty good at this quest, which happens to borrow heavily from Left 4 Dead. And what does the AI director in Left 4 Dead do when the players are doing well?

It makes the game harder.
>>
No. 31481 ID: f78140

do either Jim or Charlie have any notable skills that are relevant?
you already mentioned that Charlie is a bit of a gun nut, and has demonstrated as much with both his rifle and the pistol, but does he have any other useful skills? What about Jim, is there anything we should actively be seeking out for Jim's benefit?
>>
No. 31653 ID: fdc826
File 125073029673.png - (110.50KB , 699x1068 , Chapter 3 Start 2.png )
31653

(Image has very little to do with the quote, but it's still awesome, so fuck it.)
>>
No. 31654 ID: fdc826
File 125073031568.png - (7.63KB , 336x358 , 2-28 inv.png )
31654

>>
No. 31655 ID: fdc826
File 125073038047.png - (18.97KB , 580x640 , 2-28.png )
31655

Jim seems to have been grazed by a piece of shrapnel from the blast. He's bleeding, but it's nothing worth lowering his health bar over.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9/10 [Axe][Knife][Hammer]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Pistol-8/7][Rifle-5/9]
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car)
>>
No. 31658 ID: bffa2a

>>31655

Act fast, take everything from soldiers, get gas cans and put the pedal to the metal before reinforcements come to kick your ass. To whatshernames place pronto.
>>
No. 31665 ID: 9e9b47

>>31655

Ask if Charlie knows how to help bind wounds or has a big pair of tweezers. Getting that shrapnel out now would be the best idea.
>>
No. 31670 ID: bffa2a

>>31665

Can wait for when we don't have to get bullets out instead.
>>
No. 31693 ID: fdc826
File 125073708047.png - (18.92KB , 580x640 , 3-2.png )
31693

>>31658
Jim and Charlie quickly gather the gas cans and as much of the soldiers' equipment as they can.

They manage to grab an assault rifle, a submachine gun (SMG), and a helmet and ceramic plate armored vest from each soldier. (The armor will stop normal pistol and SMG rounds at all but point-blank range, and has a 50/50 chance of stopping anything larger. [I'll actually roll a die for this])

They then proceed to get the fuck out in the direction of Jessie's place. Still, all those military shenanigans used up a bit of time, and it looks like it might be getting dark soon.

(Weapon stats coming up in a minute)

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9/10 [Axe][Knife][Hammer]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Pistol-8/37][Rifle-5/9]
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Assault Rifle-30/0][SMG-30/37][Pistol-0/37]
>>
No. 31694 ID: fdc826
File 12507372692.png - (3.82KB , 336x180 , AR & SMG Acquired.png )
31694

>ASSAULT RIFLE Acquired!
>RoF: 4 shots/turn
>Damage: Average
>Mag. Capacity: 30 rounds

>SMG Acquired!
>RoF: 6 shots/turn
>Damage: Low
>Mag. Capacity: 30 rounds [Uses pistol ammo]

Also, I forgot to mention that they picked up a single fragmentation grenade off of the second soldier.
>>
No. 31696 ID: f4963f

Alright. Jim, inspect your shrapnel wound, even though it's probably just superficial.

Charlie, drive on to Jessie's place.
>>
No. 31700 ID: bffa2a

>>31694

Equip Jim with: Axe, Smg, grenade. Our close up man.
Equip Charlie with: Rifle, Assault rifle, knife. Sniper.

Charlie, bandage yourself for 2 health. Drive on.
>>
No. 31702 ID: f4963f

>>31700
We don't have many bandages left; perhaps we should save them for when our wounds become more incapacitating and start affecting our performance. I vote against the use of a bandage right now.

Also, I agree with the weapon distribution, but give them both pistols as well. They may need to be half-loaded for this to work.
>>
No. 31709 ID: fdc826
File 125073841092.png - (17.28KB , 580x640 , 3-3.png )
31709

Jim and Charlie stop along the way in order to switch seats and weapons, and put on their army gear while they're at it.

Charlie decides not to use a bandage until everyone agrees that he should use it.

And- woah, shit. It's getting dark pretty fast.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9/10 [Axe][SMG-30/29][Grenade x1][Pistol-8/29]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-8/29]
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]

(This fucking status section is getting pretty cluttered, so if anyone spots a mistake, please let me know.)
>>
No. 31713 ID: bffa2a

>>31709

All good, driving for Jessie.
>>
No. 31717 ID: fdc826
File 125074007780.png - (9.75KB , 580x640 , 3-4.png )
31717

>>31713

Jim and Charlie arrive in the area to the west of Charlie's place, after uneventfully avoiding (and running down a few) the horde of zombies there.

It's almost fully dark now.

(And, by the way, Jim's shrapnel wound is nothing serious, just a minor cut; it seems that the shrapnel just scraped past Jim's head and kept going.)

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9/10 [Axe][SMG-30/29][Grenade x1][Pistol-8/29]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-8/29]
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 31718 ID: f4963f

Are our headlights on? Let's turn them on to make out the scene better.

Also ready your weapons.
>>
No. 31720 ID: f98e0b

Chekhov's gun states that that shrapnel wound will be important later on...
>>
No. 31728 ID: fdc826
File 125074089481.png - (8.58KB , 580x640 , 3-5.png )
31728

>>31718

Headlights on.

...and yet it gets darker. Jim and Charlie are having difficulty making out much of anything at the moment, but they can see the silhouettes of four houses (one in each corner of the area).

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9/10 [Axe][SMG-30/29][Grenade x1][Pistol-8/29]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-8/29]
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 31729 ID: bffa2a

Stop in front of Jessie's and take flashlight with you. Let's determine how dead Charlie's sweet is.
>>
No. 31735 ID: 46df2e

Watch out, I think I see one of the tentacle zombies behind you.
>>
No. 31741 ID: f98e0b

>>31728
That is a tentacle zombie. Do not leave the car. Shoot at it.
>>
No. 31743 ID: fdc826
File 125074207926.png - (8.04KB , 580x640 , 3-6.png )
31743

Charlie points out Jessie's place, and they both get out to check it out.

There's a scribbled note on the door, dated August 19th:

"Dear Charlie,
I got sick of waiting around, so I decided to head north to the city, where I've heard the army has been able to keep the infected people out.

Inside are a few of my friends who didn't want to come with me. I told them to let you in if you came looking for me, so just knock if you need some extra food or something.

Love, Jessie"

>>31735
Where? Jim doesn't see anything of the sort. He'll keep an eye out, though.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9/10 [Axe][SMG-30/29][Grenade x1][Pistol-8/29]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-8/29]
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 31744 ID: f98e0b

>>31743
Oh shit. Okay, look for the friends. Do not get your hopes up and for the love of the Orb of Infinite Psyche keep your eyes open.
>>
No. 31752 ID: 9e9b47

>>31743

I say just head on out... wait, it's night, isn't it? I guess head inside. You guys have more guns than people anyhow, may as well even that number.
>>
No. 31757 ID: 6faa8c

>>31743
Knock first. No response, check windows. Curtains drawn? Fuck it, go home.
>>
No. 31760 ID: fdc826
File 125074349889.png - (7.63KB , 580x640 , 3-7.png )
31760

>>31744
>>31752

Charlie knocks lightly, but gets no response after a minute or so, so he slowly opens the door.

All the lights are off, and there are spent ammunition casings on the carpet in front of an open door. This is decidedly not a good thing.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9/10 [Axe][SMG-30/29][Grenade x1][Pistol-8/29]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-8/29]
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 31762 ID: fdc826

>>31757

Shit, I had already posted by the time I noticed that. Oh well.
>>
No. 31766 ID: 6164e0

>>31743
CAUTIOUSLY, knock on door.
>>
No. 31770 ID: 6faa8c

>>31762
It's cool bro. I was late anyway.
>>
No. 31772 ID: 6faa8c

>>31760
On topic: Do we have any reflective surfaces? Van we do the reflect-around-the0corner-to-see trick with the knife?
>>
No. 31778 ID: fdc826

>>31772

Yes, we can.

Which direction do you want to use it in, though? (Right, around the door, or left, towards the couch)
>>
No. 31780 ID: 6faa8c

>>31778
Around the door.
>>
No. 31788 ID: fdc826
File 125074530143.png - (9.22KB , 580x640 , 3-8.png )
31788

>>31780

Charlie takes out his knife, and uses it to see into what is apparently the guest bedroom. While doing so, he takes a look at the rest of the room he's in.

Two corpses, both recognized as Jessie's friends.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9/10 [Axe][SMG-30/29][Grenade x1][Pistol-8/29]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-8/29]
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 31790 ID: 6faa8c

>>31788
Shit.

What kind of wounds we talking? Bites, scratches, gunshot wounds? No bloody footprints so probably not zombies. Any displaced heavy stuff?
>>
No. 31793 ID: fdc826

>>31790

Both corpses are riddled with bullet wounds. Neither seems to have been bitten.

Plus, the corpse on the bed apparently wasn't sleeping; his legs are hanging over the bed, and it appears as though he had been shot, then had fallen onto the bed.

Also, oddly enough, the bedsheets are missing.
>>
No. 31796 ID: 6faa8c

>>31793
Then this is people-doing. Search the house for supplies andthen build short-term barricades.

We're in for one wild night.
>>
No. 31798 ID: 9e9b47

>>31793

Is that a truck Jim found?
>>
No. 31801 ID: fdc826

>>31798

That's the car they rode in on.

Also, currently enacting HDIST's plan.
>>
No. 31804 ID: 9e9b47

>>31801

Derp.
>>
No. 31806 ID: f78140

>>31481
this question, repeated. :|
>>
No. 31808 ID: ed8d8a

>>31806
Jim must be a black office worker. He does not appear to be a buff motorcycle dude, due to his vehicle choice, and no hot college student would be able to afford living alone in the suburbs.
>>
No. 31813 ID: fdc826
File 125074723572.png - (9.98KB , 580x640 , 3-9.png )
31813

>>31806

I originally intended for Jim to work in a restaurant, but I'm totally retconning him into an office worker.(>>31808) He's good with computers, but he really doesn't know any more useful skills.

Charlie was between jobs when the lawnmower ran over the shit, but he was a gun enthusiast, as stated earlier. His specialty is shooting, and nothing else, really.

Anyway, Jim and Charlie search the house, finding another corpse, and nothing else, save for an extra flashlight with no batteries.

After barricading the house with all they can find, Charlie drags all of the bodies into one corner.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9/10 [Axe][SMG-30/29][Grenade x1][Pistol-8/29]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-8/29]
>Inventory: Food x4, Drink x4, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight x2, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 31814 ID: fdc826

>>31813

Shit, forgot to remove the corpse by the TV.
>>
No. 31816 ID: fdc826
File 125074765443.png - (10.00KB , 580x640 , 3-9.png )
31816

Minor fix. Had nothing else to do, anyway.
>>
No. 31819 ID: 9891a9

>>31816
Sleep in the top-north room, since there's more exits, and switch who's keeping watch after 4-5 hours.
>>
No. 31827 ID: fdc826
File 125074887153.png - (10.06KB , 580x640 , 3-10.png )
31827

>Day 1 complete (-1 Food and Drink). It is now August 22nd.

It's Jim's turn to keep watch. He is bored as hell.

There's a knocking at the door.

...Hold on, what the fuck!?

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9/10 [Axe][SMG-30/29][Grenade x1][Pistol-8/29]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-8/29]
>Inventory: Food x3, Drink x3, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight x2, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 31837 ID: bde1b8

>>31827
...Is there a peephole for you to look out of? This is probably very bad, but could be very good.
>>
No. 31840 ID: 9e9b47

>>31827

Go to the door as quietly as possible to see what's up. Use an eyehole in the door if you can, or a window.
>>
No. 31842 ID: 6faa8c

>>31827
Yeah, peephole. It might be the army dudes.
>>
No. 31846 ID: fdc826
File 12507502714.png - (10.14KB , 580x640 , 3-11.png )
31846

>>31837 >>31840 >>31842

Damn it, the peephole is being covered by the note!

Meanwhile, Charlie wakes up. He looks confused.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9/10 [Axe][SMG-30/29][Grenade x1][Pistol-8/29]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-8/29]
>Inventory: Food x3, Drink x3, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight x2, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 31848 ID: 6faa8c

>>31846
Bathroom window!
>>
No. 31849 ID: f78140

>>31846
peek out the window in the northwest room. don't use your flashlight, trust your nighteyes!
>>
No. 31853 ID: fdc826
File 125075105611.png - (10.07KB , 580x640 , 3-12.png )
31853

Jim begins to move part of the barricade out of the way in order to get into the bathroom. He suddenly hears Charlie say something like "What the f-AAAAAAAAAUGH!"

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9/10 [Axe][SMG-30/29][Grenade x1][Pistol-8/29]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-8/29]
>Inventory: Food x3, Drink x3, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight x2, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 31854 ID: 6faa8c

>>31853
JESUS FUCK ON A CROSS-SHAPERD POGO STICK SHOOT IT
>>
No. 31857 ID: 9e9b47

>>31853

I say old bean, you may want to see to that zombie.
>>
No. 31859 ID: f78140

>>31853
Jim: axe that zombie!
Charlie: back off, conserve amno
>>
No. 31870 ID: fdc826
File 125075237313.png - (10.26KB , 580x640 , 3-13.png )
31870

>>31859

Jim runs at the fucker, axe at the ready.

>Charlie: back off, conserve ammo
Charlie is an indir-

"AAAAAAAAAAA-" *BLAM* *BLAM* "-AAAAHHHH!"

...However, Jim's attempted axe-murder and Charlie's freaking the fuck out are in vain; the zombie disappears in a puff of smoke.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9/10 [Axe][SMG-30/29][Grenade x1][Pistol-8/29]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-6/29]
>Inventory: Food x3, Drink x3, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight x2, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 31872 ID: f78140

>>31870
a telezed? fuuuuuuck. we need more people if we can't even bunker down.
>>
No. 31873 ID: 6faa8c

>>31870
ZOMBIE.

NINJAS.

FUCK.
>>
No. 31877 ID: bde1b8

>>31870
...Well, back to seeing who was at the door via the bathroom window.
>>
No. 31879 ID: fdc826

>>31872

Oh, holy shit, "telezed". I am so using that.

Anyway, I'm done for tonight. Moar JimQuest in the morning.
>>
No. 32104 ID: fdc826
File 12508071732.png - (10.55KB , 580x640 , 3-14.png )
32104

>>31877
Jim, though a little shaken, gets back to moving the couch. He is intent on seeing who the hell decided t-

The telezed is out there, and he is waving at Jim. THE FUCKER IS WAVING AT JIM.

(Quick telezed description: Skin and flesh has grown over most of their bodies, making them hairless, and lacking any facial features. In some places, it has even grown over patches of clothing. Their hands, which apparently used to be no more than fleshy clubs, have since sprouted long, jagged claws through ragged, bloody holes. This particular telezed somehow appears to be very pleased with himself.)

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9/10 [Axe][SMG-30/27][Grenade x1][Pistol-8/27]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-8/27]
>Inventory: Food x3, Drink x3, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight x2, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 32105 ID: 6faa8c

FUCKER BE TROLLIN US!

Don't shoot at him now. I think this guy is just here to force us to waste ammo. Keep close-range shit equipped.
>>
No. 32106 ID: f4963f

>>32104
It's... /waving/ at us.

Oh screw you telezed.

Yeah, keep melee weapons on hand for now. Let's not burn more ammo on this thing.
>>
No. 32111 ID: 01383e

>>32104
he


he opened something

didn't he?
>>
No. 32115 ID: 6faa8c

>>32111
FUCK

ONE OF THE WINDOWS

THE LOWER RIGHT ONHE ON THE MAP

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
No. 32117 ID: 6faa8c

>>32115
No, that's always been open...

WHY IS THAT FUCKER SO PLEASED FUCK
>>
No. 32119 ID: 5ba271

>>32117
The car.

He did something to the car.
>>
No. 32121 ID: 6faa8c
File 125080870513.gif - (5.53KB , 650x450 , 00359.gif )
32121

>>32119


That motherfucker.
>>
No. 32123 ID: 01383e

>>32119
>>32121
He may just be sending us a signal- he's waiting for us to go to sleep.
>>
No. 32124 ID: fdc826
File 125080903060.png - (10.60KB , 580x640 , 3-15.png )
32124

Jim wields his axe, puts on his best rageface, then flips the asshole off. It disappears again.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9/10 [Axe][SMG-30/27][Grenade x1][Pistol-8/27]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-8/27]
>Inventory: Food x3, Drink x3, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight x2, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 32128 ID: 9e9b47

You may have to try laying some sort of trap. Maybe one guy going out to check the car, the other covering him from a cracked window? Make it seem like just Jim is gonna make sure it didn't screw the car up.

Alternately, pretend to sleep with hand in pants. Pistol also in pants as well of course. Only choose this route if you're ballsy enough.

Heh
>>
No. 32148 ID: fdc826
File 125081270712.png - (11.31KB , 580x640 , 3-16.png )
32148

>>32128

Jim heads outside, armed with an axe and flashlight, trying to lure out that dick of a zombie, while Charlie waits next to the front door, ready to kill it as soon as it appears.

However, it seems that there are more than telezeds out here...

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9/10 [Axe][SMG-30/27][Grenade x1][Pistol-8/27]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-8/27]
>Inventory: Food x3, Drink x3, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight x2, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 32168 ID: f98e0b

>>32148
Dispatch these normal easy-peasy zombies quickly then get back inside.
>>
No. 32174 ID: fdc826
File 125081806420.png - (11.74KB , 580x640 , 3-17.png )
32174

>>32168

Yeah, these zombies shouldn't be a problem!

Jim takes his axe to the first... uh... oh shit.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 9/10 [Axe][SMG-30/27][Grenade x1][Pistol-8/27]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-8/27]
>Inventory: Food x3, Drink x3, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight x2, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 32176 ID: 6faa8c

>>32174
"CHARLIE! CHAAAARLIE!"
>>
No. 32182 ID: f98e0b

>>32174
OH SHIT ZOMBIES EVERYWHERE GET BACK IN THE HOUSE
Charlie: Back him up thru window
>>
No. 32206 ID: fdc826
File 125082166892.png - (12.11KB , 580x640 , 3-18.png )
32206

Jim: "CHARLIE! CHAAAARL- AAAGH!"

>Jim has been bitten!
>Jim takes 2 damage.

Charlie runs out to help, but he's too late. However, he still destroys a single nearby zombie with two rounds.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 7/10 [SMG-30/27][Grenade x1][Pistol-8/27]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-6/27]
>Inventory: Food x3, Drink x3, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight x2, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 32210 ID: 6faa8c

>>32206
>Jim has been bitten!
>Jim takes 2 damage.

;_;
>>
No. 32214 ID: 9891a9

>>32210
It's not over for Jim yet! Remember he was bitten in the beginning? Jim must be immune! All the same, let's try to get back inside the house so that we can bottleneck the zombies at the door.
>>
No. 32223 ID: 9e9b47

>>32214

We also don't know if a bite nessicarily means infection. Maybe it's more like Resident Evil (Well, more like the games, where it only affects you if you die) and less like, say, 28 days later.
>>
No. 32255 ID: fdc826
File 125082929890.png - (10.01KB , 580x640 , 3-19.png )
32255

Charlie manages to grab Jim, gun down another zombie, and rush inside, where they both put the barricade back into place. Almost immediately, the horde of zeds outside begin banging on the door. It won't hold for long.

Also, Charlie is... staring at Jim, and slowly backing away.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 7/10 [SMG-30/27][Grenade x1][Pistol-8/27]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-4/27]
>Inventory: Food x3, Drink x3, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight x2, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 32259 ID: f4963f

>>32255
Agh. We're not in a good situation if even our bud can't trust us, but... well, first things first. Find something to reinforce the door with. Tell Charlie he better help if he wants to live through the night.
>>
No. 32261 ID: 9e9b47

>>32255

Awww man. Look Jim you know what you have to do. Ask Charlie if there's any cure he knows of, or if all bites lead to zombification eventually. If the latter's true, you gotta offer to stay alive until you get outta this house, and then part ways.

It sucks, but that's zombies for ya.
>>
No. 32271 ID: fdc826
File 125083072023.png - (10.33KB , 580x640 , 3-20.png )
32271

Jim: "Charlie, I know this looks bad, but we don't have time for this shit. We'll both be dead if we can't work together, at least one more time."

A grin slowly forms on Charlie's face.

Charlie: "...Alright, buddy. Go get some barricade material, then lock n' load. If nothin' else, I'll make sure we die like men."

He (rather dramatically) reloads his pistol and chambers a round.

(Oh, and the only extra barricade material found was that large-ish TV)

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 7/10 [SMG-30/23][Grenade x1][Pistol-8/23]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-8/23]
>Inventory: Food x3, Drink x3, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight x2, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 32272 ID: f98e0b

>>32255
Tell him you already got one bite from what may have been a zombie, and that you may be immune. Tell him to watch you closely and wait to see if you transform. Tell him to stick his gun up against your head so he can dispatch you quick if that does happen.

Then sit in two chairs in the kitchen directly across from each other, staring at each other motionlessly, waiting to see your fate, with his gun pressed up against your forehead. Just for the awesome effect.
>>
No. 32275 ID: f98e0b

>>32271
>>32272
After you've shot the zombies, of course.
>>
No. 32276 ID: fdc826

>>32272

That... sounds awesome. Will probably happen after the whole zombie problem is dealt with.
>>
No. 32285 ID: 987386

After the door is barricaded, ask if Charlie wants to quarantine you in a seperate room for a bit.
>>
No. 32303 ID: fdc826

>>32285

Jim does so.

Charlie: "If you're gonna turn, it'll be at least, like, 10 minutes from now. Let's worry about the fuckers bashing down our door for now, dude."
>>
No. 32356 ID: bde1b8

Well... lets wait until they start opening that door up, then ax and shoot them over the barricades.
>>
No. 32357 ID: 77571f

>>32356
Bounce the molotov off the safehouse wall. Your teammates will laugh at your antics and dance with glee.
>>
No. 32402 ID: a3b36a

Check and see if he wants to go find a chocolate factory with you. Say we'll even give him controlling share. ...see if he picks up on the joke.
>>
No. 32483 ID: fdc826
File 125088717055.png - (11.09KB , 580x640 , 3-21.png )
32483

>>32356

Jim dropped his axe outside when he was bitten!

Jim: "Hey, Charlie."
Charlie: "Yeah?"
Jim: "There's one thing I want you to know before they get through that door..."
Charlie: "..."
Jim: "If I die in here, you... you can have my chocolate factory."
Charlie: "FFFFFFFFF-"
*CRASH*

The zombies finally bash their way through the door, and are immediately met with four pistol shots through the doorway.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 7/10 [SMG-30/23][Grenade x1][Pistol-6/23]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-6/23]
>Inventory: Food x3, Drink x3, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight x2, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 32484 ID: 6faa8c

TO YOUR LEFT
>>
No. 32487 ID: f98e0b

>>32484
MAGETS
>>
No. 32597 ID: 82920c

>>32483
arm and throw the grenade through the door you know there are a fuckload of zombies! Then turn turn to face the door to your left! PREPARE FOR BATTLE!
>>
No. 32616 ID: f98e0b

>>32483
Jim take west with your SMG on semiautomatic (or being careful to conserve ammo if that's impossible) while Charlie shoots north.
If they start to overwhelm you pull back to the bottom right room, which has a window you can escape through and only one doorway so that you can get the zombies in a bottleneck.
>>
No. 32630 ID: fdc826
File 125091036435.png - (11.57KB , 580x640 , 3-22.png )
32630

>>32616

With any weapon, the RoF isn't the required number of shots fired; anyone can fire any number of rounds up to that number.

Jim opens fire on the newly-opened bathroom door, trying to conserve ammunition while doing so. He takes down two zombies, while using five rounds of ammunition.

Meanwhile, Charlie aims two rounds into a zombie attempting to climb over the barricade.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 7/10 [SMG-25/23][Grenade x1][Pistol-6/23]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-4/23]
>Inventory: Food x3, Drink x3, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight x2, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 32641 ID: f98e0b

Smoke forming in lower right room. Charlie, there's no zombies in your firing zone you can see, turn right and watch the back for the telezed. Aim for the smoke and try not to freak out again.
>>
No. 32653 ID: fdc826
File 125091214270.png - (11.70KB , 580x640 , 3-23.png )
32653

>>32641

Charlie was simply startled earlier; he had just woken up, after all. In any case, he shoots the bastard...

...but not before it can finish what it apparently came to do.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 7/10 [SMG-21/23][Grenade x1][Pistol-6/23]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-2/23]
>Inventory: Food x3, Drink x3, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight x2, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 32654 ID: 82920c

>>32653
oh god damn it. try and kill the thing quickly, and toss the grenade through the hole.
>>
No. 32657 ID: 82920c

>>32653
worst comes to worst, that body armor of ours should do pretty good at protecting us from zombie claws and teeth. So we can at least go down bashing their heads in with the butt of our rifles.
>>
No. 32662 ID: fdc826
File 125091354866.png - (11.68KB , 580x640 , 3-24.png )
32662

>>32654
Jim has the grenade.

>>32657
Actually, and, once again, I may not have mentioned this earlier, the body armor is simply a vest and a helmet. It won't help much against a claw or bite, unless it is aimed directly at the chest or the top of the head.
__
Charlie kills the fast zombie, then turns his gun on a second one as it appears through the darkness. He pulls the trigger, and hears a click.

Jim is still unloading on the horde as it pours through the two entrances, creating a nice pile of blood-soaked corpses. He has about half of a magazine left.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 7/10 [SMG-16/23][Grenade x1][Pistol-6/23]
>Health (Charlie): 8/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-0/23]
>Inventory: Food x3, Drink x3, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight x2, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 32690 ID: 36a9f1

>>32662
JIM. ZOMBIES TO YOUR RIGHT. MAGET.

And imparting wisdom: Jim, aim for the head and spare yourself shots. If you stay calm and aim at where the head would be, usually you can succeed.

Of course until the special zombies come about.
>>
No. 32696 ID: fdc826
File 12509183262.png - (11.72KB , 580x640 , 3-25.png )
32696

>>32690
Jim is trying to follow your advice, but these zombies are making it pretty damn difficult to stay calm.

In the other room, while Charlie is trying to reload his pistol, the fast zombie tackles him, slamming him against the wall.

>Charlie takes 1 damage!

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 7/10 [SMG-13/23][Grenade x1][Pistol-6/23]
>Health (Charlie): 7/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife]
>Inventory: Food x3, Drink x3, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight x2, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 32704 ID: 36a9f1

>>32696
Regulate your breathing and aim. Use a high powered weapon, aim between the eyes. Try and be quick with aiming. You can kill with okay as well as excellent aim. Really, other suggestion is keep them crammed in one area. Don't let them come from your right (if Charlie were to die) and attack from behind. Move your back against the corner, estimate where heads are and where you need to aim to kill, and succeed!

Look out for the short zombies though.

Also, knife might be best, Charlie. Close combat until you have a chance to reload.
>>
No. 32718 ID: fdc826
File 125092146844.png - (11.77KB , 580x640 , 3-26.png )
32718

>>32704
Jim does so, to the best of his abilities. However, with the SMG's small caliber, it usually takes two headshots to do sufficient damage for zombie termination, unless the shooter is an expert marksman. (Which Charlie seems to be.)

Jim manages to take out three zombies with six rounds.

Meanwhile, as Charlie is fumbling with his knife, the zombie sinks a claw into his shoulder. He yells in pain, then jabs the knife into its eye, swirling it around until the bastard stops moving.

>Charlie takes 2 damage!
>Charlie's health is low!

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 7/10 [SMG-7/23][Grenade x1][Pistol-6/23]
>Health (Charlie): 5/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife]
>Inventory: Food x3, Drink x3, $90, keys,
>painkillers(2/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight x2, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 32719 ID: 36a9f1

Charlie, grab the pistol and see if you can dodge n' backstab the zombie. Don't forget to twist the knife, just in case. Get over to the area that had the tv, use a aimed shot.

Jim, throw the pill bottle (if not able to shatter) to Charlie. If it'll break, throw a bandage.
>>
No. 32749 ID: fdc826
File 125092429951.png - (11.75KB , 580x640 , 3-27.png )
32749

>>32719

Jim fires another six rounds, and another three zeds stop moving. They're really thinning out, now.

Charlie runs into the TV room, slashing at a zombie as he does so. It doesn't have much effect. He then asks Jim to toss the painkillers, and Jim complies. Charlie downs a few, and feels the pain in his shoulder fade.

Somewhere in between all that shit, he grabs the dropped pistol and reloads it.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 7/10 [SMG-1/15][Grenade x1][Pistol-6/15]
>Health (Charlie): 9(5)/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-8/15]
>Inventory: Food x3, Drink x3, $90, keys,
>painkillers(1/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight x2, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 32806 ID: f78140

>>32749
no real choice but to keep killing til they stop coming. if the two still in view drop, try to take care of the one furthest from charlie as well.
>>
No. 32816 ID: fdc826
File 125092981654.png - (11.76KB , 580x640 , 3-28.png )
32816

>>32806

Charlie, now reloaded and numb to the pain of his newest wound, drops the two zeds in front of him with two expertly-placed headshots.

Meanwhile, Jim puts one round in the closest zombie, then clicks on empty...

(Another post coming...)
>>
No. 32819 ID: fdc826
File 125092999877.png - (11.67KB , 580x640 , 3-29.png )
32819

...then whips out his pistol, steps to the side to give Charlie some room, and they finish what is apparently the last of the horde.

It seems they're running quite low on pistol/SMG ammunition.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 7/10 [SMG-0/15][Grenade x1][Pistol-5/15]
>Health (Charlie): 8(5)/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-5/15]
>Inventory: Food x3, Drink x3, $90, keys,
>painkillers(1/3), bandages x2,
>flashlight x2, batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 32838 ID: f78140

>>32819
we can worry about ammo after we deal with horrible injuries. also, it's almost time for the sit and wait of destiny. both bandages on charlie, since jim is gonna go zed.
>>
No. 32841 ID: fdc826
File 125093233579.png - (11.53KB , 580x640 , 3-30.png )
32841

>>32838

Charlie applies both remaining rolls of bandages.

Charlie: "Well... holy shit. Now what?"

Where are they going to do this? Ideally, they should be able to hold out there if more zeds show up.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 7/10 [SMG-0/15][Grenade x1][Pistol-5/15]
>Health (Charlie): 10(9)/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-5/15]
>Inventory: Food x3, Drink x3, $90, keys,
>painkillers(1/3), flashlight x2,
>batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 32842 ID: 6faa8c

>>32841
Check car again.

These zombies appear to be nocturnal.
>>
No. 32846 ID: fdc826
File 125093295459.png - (12.87KB , 580x640 , 3-31.png )
32846

>>32842

Jim heads outside and circles the car once. Everything looks alright.

He grabs his axe while he's at it.

>Charlie's painkillers have worn off.

>Status:
>Health (Jim): 7/10 [Axe][SMG-0/15][Grenade x1][Pistol-5/15]
>Health (Charlie): 9/10 [Rifle-5/9][Assault Rifle-30/0][Knife][Pistol-5/15]
>Inventory: Food x3, Drink x3, $90, keys,
>painkillers(1/3), flashlight x2,
>batteries x4, nails x22,
>hand-crank radio,
>car battery, length of rubber hose,
>medkit, planks x6 (car), gas cans x2 (car)
>Unequipped Weapons: [Hammer]
>>
No. 32892 ID: 36a9f1

>>32846
Go into the lower middle room, and move your barricade up against the window there. If you can take watch shifts like before, you should last the night.
>>
No. 32899 ID: 82920c

>>32846
this place is to damn full of holes for my liking. I say we find a new house ASAP, fortify it the best we can, and then loot it.
>>
No. 32923 ID: 36a9f1

>>32899
While it's a nice idea in theory, we don't know where we could find a house. It's too dark. And we can't leave the car, zombies may bust it up.
>>
No. 32937 ID: fdc826
File 125096688924.png - (11.59KB , 580x640 , 3-32.png )
32937

>>32892

Jim and Charlie move into the middle bedroom, and somehow manage to drag most of their barricade through the pile of corpses.

Once there, the two simply nod at each other, and Charlie presses his gun up to Jim's head as they both sit down and prepare to wait...

...but nothing happens. They wait for what seems like hours, motionlessly, but nothing happens to Jim.

Satisfied with this, Charlie tells Jim he should get some sleep; it's his turn to stand watch anyway.
>>
No. 32939 ID: fdc826
File 125096692843.png - (6.80KB , 580x640 , 3-33.png )
32939

And, so, with Charlie on watch, and nothing else to do, Jim...
>>
No. 32940 ID: fdc826
File 125096694787.png - (5.37KB , 580x640 , 3-34.png )
32940

...falls...
>>
No. 32941 ID: fdc826
File 125096697743.png - (4.92KB , 580x640 , 3-35.png )
32941

...asleep.
>>
No. 32942 ID: fdc826
File 125096700153.png - (16.38KB , 696x712 , Chapter 3 complete.png )
32942

>>
No. 32943 ID: 6164e0

>>32937
Now hold on, what about the zombie claw getting Charlie? shouldn't we be worried about infection for him? And yet here he is, fine just like us. Strange.

Is it possible the zombies can't actually infect people by coming into contact with them?
>>
No. 32947 ID: fdc826

>>32943

It's more of a thing with saliva contact; Charlie's fine, but it might have been a problem if the zombie had licked its claws first.
>>
No. 32950 ID: 6164e0

>>32947
Wouldn't a clawed zombie HAVE to lick its claws? I mean, without regular and structure, they can't pick gore off of te claws, they would have to eat it off.

So clawed zombies have to lick their claws, because they have no other means to get food off their claws.
>>
No. 32955 ID: fdc826
File 125096902913.png - (285.46KB , 448x350 , charles.png )
32955

>>32950
Charles would like to remind you that this particular flaw in the plot is keeping him alive.
>>
No. 32958 ID: 9e9b47

Why do zombies care about keeping their claws clean?
>>
No. 32980 ID: fdc826

Hey, quick question; how do I get this thing archived? Starting a new thread soon.
>>
No. 33062 ID: 6faa8c

>>32980
I'm wondering too.
>>
No. 33074 ID: 242920

>>32980
>>33062
I read somewhere that threads with 200+ posts automatically get archived. Someone should write this up in the faq.
>>
No. 33076 ID: 6f902f

You can't archive it. You have to get an admin to do it.

Log onto the IRC to request it.
>>
No. 33105 ID: bde1b8

>>33074
If by 'automatic' you mean 'Gnome gets off his lazy ass and archives old threads once a week,' then yes, its automatic.

Just start a new thread. I'll archive the old one in time.
>>
No. 33107 ID: fdc826
File 125099888080.jpg - (22.90KB , 542x331 , gfhdfrt.jpg )
33107

>>33105

Alright, then.

This post feels empty, so have a randomly-selected picture from my /tg/ folder.
>>
No. 33168 ID: 987386

>>33107
Not Hostess fruit pies! All my carefully laid plans! RUINED!!

Curse youuuuu!!!!
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password