[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 380527)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39865 unique user posts. View catalog

File 132686909192.png - (73.66KB , 700x500 , 1.png )
380527 No. 380527 ID: 97486c

Set in the Overlord Universe

"Bound by the First Law of the Lesser Demons I summon you, Legion!"

The Chaos Demon, Legion, is summoned and bound in an Orb. It shall be held there for as long as the caster wishes or until the Demon has fulfilled the caster's greatest wish.
Legion can communicate with anyone bound to itself, usually the caster, and can influence their thoughts and actions. Weaker willed casters will find themselves more easily influenced.
Expand all images
>>
No. 380528 ID: 97486c
File 132686912577.png - (72.90KB , 385x500 , 2.png )
380528

Luckily I am not such a caster..

Hello? Are you there?
>>
No. 380529 ID: 431fa8

>>380528
...
>>
No. 380530 ID: 46c430

>>380528
No.

...Anyway, jokes aside, hello there. What's your name, good sir?
>>
No. 380531 ID: 338c67

BOMB DIGGITY, WE IN THE HANDS OF A CHICK AGAIN
>>
No. 380532 ID: ed57e8

yo wassup.
>>
No. 380533 ID: b82230

..Son of a BITCH! Who keeps getting our summoning ritual? Seriously, this is bloody ridiculous! I mean, can't a being of various minds put together enjoy some 'me, me and me' time?! I swear... if I ever get our hands on the first guy who thought it was cool to bind and summon us, I am going to punch them SO HARD!

...*ahem* Hello Master. How can we be of service?
>>
No. 380535 ID: 97486c
File 132686968311.png - (49.16KB , 700x500 , 3.png )
380535

>>380531
... I am not a girl. Glad to see the spell worked though.
Well then, goodbye demon.

Legion is tossed onto the floor. The Bored Summoner walks away.
>>
No. 380536 ID: 338c67

NO WAIT HOLD ON, WE CAN GET YOU LADIES

BITCHES OF EVERY SORT AND MAKE

PLEASE DON'T LEAVE US HERE
>>
No. 380537 ID: 46c430

...Ohhhhhhhhh-kay-then.
>>
No. 380541 ID: b82230

Bloody hell. This is why we don't jump to conclusions when it involves genders! Seriously, how many times have we done this?

Welp... who's up for some I spy?
>>
No. 380543 ID: 97486c
File 132687030977.png - (68.05KB , 700x500 , 4.png )
380543

17 years pass. Outside you can hear the constant sound of war being waged. Screams fill the nights, or at least what your limited senses perceive as night.

'For the Overlord!' some scream

'In the name of Abel!' others yell

Then suddenly the noise ends.

>>
No. 380544 ID: 97486c
File 132687038235.png - (93.07KB , 700x500 , 5.png )
380544

The next few months pass in complete silence.
Then one day you hear another noise, one you had not heard in almost two decades

It is the sound of a door opening.

>>
No. 380545 ID: 79c297

>>380535
Our vision was only limited to your eyes, sorry! The glasses look good on you don't leeeeave us!
>>
No. 380548 ID: b82230

Nine hundred and eighty-four thousand bottles of blood on the wall... nine hundred and eighty-four thousand bottles of blooood~ take one do-

OH THANK GOD! Finally someone has come for us!
>>
No. 380549 ID: 97486c
File 132687065897.png - (97.00KB , 700x500 , 6.png )
380549

You see a girl walk down the destroyed stairs. You can hear metal clanging in her book-bag as she takes her final step down and examines her surroundings.

You can sense this one has magical blood and a weak will
While your old caster is still alive he technically left you so you are allowed to bind to someone else... You immediately form a bind to this caster..
----------------------------------------


... Another bust. All these old war sites have been pretty much stripped bare.
>>
No. 380551 ID: b537cb

A door... We sure hope that someone is going to take us out of here. Could we try making that someone pick us up... I wonder
>>
No. 380552 ID: f70e5e

hello? can you hear us? we are in the orb on the ground behind you.
>>
No. 380553 ID: b82230

Eh, it's no glorious metal body, but it will do.

*manipulate new bond to look towards our direction slowly and have her focus on us.*
>>
No. 380554 ID: 338c67

>>380549
Hello hello~

Hi there. Pick up the black orb, would you kindly?
>>
No. 380558 ID: 97486c
File 132687158191.png - (46.11KB , 494x418 , 7.png )
380558

>>380553

I look over and see a small black orb lying on the floor. I quickly drop down and examine it closer..
It looks like it's made out of some kind of glass.. I wonder how much it would sell for..?

>>380552
W-woah! Did you just speak? Are you some kind of Genie? Can you grant wishes?
>>
No. 380559 ID: 1854db

>>380558
Sortof! We can help you achieve that which you wish for. All you have to do is pick us up, carry us with you and we'll give you advice on your journeys!

Please. We were left here alone for 17 years.
>>
No. 380561 ID: 338c67

>>380558
Kinda! We can give you GREAT advice! Pick us up, pick us up. Tell us your goal!
>>
No. 380563 ID: c0e69a

What is your name young Summoner and what do you desire most?
>>
No. 380566 ID: b82230

Wishes? Who need wishes? Those things always mess with your wording and cause nothing but trouble.

What we give is RESULTS! Money, Power, a Harem of cute guys, with us the skies are the limit! The person who originally summoned us was a bit naive to let us be, but you look like an expert treasure hunter who knows a great deal!

So tell us, what is your name?
>>
No. 380567 ID: 46c430

>>380558
Afraid not, but as the others have said, we can offer advice and guidance. So, hello.
>>
No. 380569 ID: a2fa74

>>380558
No, we just give advice.
We're worth keeping, but not worth selling.

So, where are we?
Specifically, what area of which world are we in?
>>
No. 380574 ID: 79c297

>>380566
>guys
Or girls, or both. We aren't particular... we just like harems.
>>
No. 380575 ID: 97486c
File 132687285947.png - (46.15KB , 494x418 , 8.png )
380575

>>380569
Uhm.. I think we're like right outside the Land of Abel.

So uh.. It's nice to meet you all. I don't really have a name but people keep calling me Trash. Is that a good name?

My goals... Uhm... Can you help me bring my parents back to life? That'd be nice.

Or some food.. That would be good to.
>>
No. 380577 ID: 338c67

>>380575
Sure! A long term and short term plan! This is a great start. Pick us up, and let's get going. That food won't get itself.

Skills and inventory, would you kindly?
>>
No. 380581 ID: b82230

...Kid, if we could bring back the dead, we would be free from this orb and likely be too awesome to ever be bound. But, you struck a chord right there.

Tell you what. Consider this a three for one deal. Three boons for the price of one. A name, helping you get enough money to never go hungry again, and deeds to try and make your parents proud.

For your name, would you like Tracy? Much better than trash, and cuter too.
>>
No. 380582 ID: 1854db

Trash is not a good name. It is disrespectful. Let's call you Diamond instead.

We can't bring your parents back to life, not directly, but we can help you get food and money. With enough money, it IS possible to bring people back to life.

Are you any good at fighting? We can tell you have some capability at magic. Pick us up, and look around a bit more. You're the first scavenger that showed up, so there could be something around.
>>
No. 380595 ID: a1d7ad

>>380575
Bring your parents back? I guess we have accomplished more in the past, but don't expect it to be easy.

Also Trash is a horrible name, how about Hunter? Like in Treasure Hunter, you found us didn't you?
>>
No. 380599 ID: 6af537

Seconding Tracy.

As for bringing back parents... AFAIK, the most prominent expert on that is The Overlord. But even he failed for quite some time. So this could be an awesome adventure! No real promises of success though, gotta be honest with you.
>>
No. 380601 ID: 79c297

>>380575
Trash is a horrible name. But you can use it until you earn something greater. Which will be done!

As for as parents being brought back, maybe! We aren't sure what we can't do, but our power now is limited. Our goal is to see your wishes come true, but also seeing that you live, so let's worry about getting you some food first.
>>
No. 380602 ID: 3947e9

What is your name?
>>
No. 380604 ID: ed57e8

do you have a piece of their flesh? would make resurrection so much simpler.
>>
No. 380608 ID: 252e1b

>>380575

Tracey's a good name, for a good kid. You're a good kid. Pick us up, we'll give you advice and help you. You gotta keep us with you all the time though, you never know when you're going to need help. Our previous contract holder abandoned us and look what happened.

That Overlord golem shows up and tries to take over the whole world, and that crazy Abel guy goes ballistic, and now the whole world is a much sadder place.

Anyway kid, you were, prior to accepting our contract, completely unknown to us. You got a little magic running through your veins though, so your parents must have been something. Lemme guess, war orphan? Condolences on losing them, in any case.

As for something to eat. Well, we need to know the lay of the region to find you some grub. I don't know much about this country, besides that the guy running it likes to run an uptight ship and has a thing against demons that's borderline psychopathic.

[Pick your nose]
>>
No. 380617 ID: c0e69a

Okay, 'Tracy' let's get started! Pick us up please, it's hard to see your smiling face from the floor. What do you have with you, anything edible or valuable to trade? We sense that you have magic in your blood, can you cast anything and do you possess any other skills, talents, or powers?
>>
No. 380619 ID: a2fa74

>>380575
I don't know if bringing them back is possible, but we can certainly help you get food!
Pick us up and put us in your pocket. There might be cans of food around here.

Also, keep your eyes open for books. There might be some books on magic, and magic users don't go hungry.
>>
No. 380621 ID: 97486c
File 132687698959.png - (61.82KB , 700x500 , 9.png )
380621

Tracey sounds good, I like it.

I shake off an odd thought.. I don't really think I need to pick my nose..

Uhm... Yeah if you can at least help me bring them back that'd be great. I never got a chance to meet them really. I mean I think I met them but that was years ago. After the Overlord attacked I haven't seen them so I guess they died then? I mean they could also be alive I suppose.
So hungry..

Uhm.. There's nothing here as far as I can tell.. I had to move some rubble to get down here, the upstairs is completely ransacked..

Magical abilities..? Uhm... I don't know. I guess I could find out if I could find someone who can detect that kind of stuff.
>>
No. 380622 ID: ed57e8

well that's what we did, and why you can talk to us. if you had no magic you wouldn't be able to hear us.
>>
No. 380623 ID: b82230

Don't worry, we may be bound, but we can probably help you with learning magic. As for something to find, I see something on that shelf~ might be a book, might be something to sell.
>>
No. 380625 ID: 338c67

>>380621
[unzip sweater]

Anyway, If there's nothing here, acceptable losses. Are you any good at theft?
>>
No. 380630 ID: 1854db

>>380621
Looks like a book on a shelf on the far side of the room, but that could be my poor vision playing tricks on me. Let's get moving back upstairs if that's the case.
>>
No. 380633 ID: 252e1b

>>380621

Our ability to perceive is limited. We use memetic ideograms for the most part instead of actual visual data. Think of pencil drawings and you'll have some idea of how we see. Your senses are, mostly, better than ours. When you start to realize some of your magic potential, you'll be able to match or surpass all our senses.

So what I'm saying is, we'll try to help you spot things, but don't think of us as a second set of eyes. We're a safety net and portable adviser, not an excuse to slack.

A warning, as well. Don't show us off to anyone from Abel. Their leadership is not rational about certain types of magic.

I got a couple of questions for you, Tracey. Just general health stuff, got to get a baseline for your condition.

Do you know how old you are? You look like you've been through puberty. How long have you been on your own? You would have needed a minimum of care as a prepubescent child; did you have a proper caretaker or were you moved around a lot? Do you have a history of illness?

I know food is the pressing issue. When was the last time you ate? What do you normally eat? How much do you eat at a time?

Can you open your sweater so we can see your back and torso? Our senses should be able to detect signs of certain illnesses, including malnourishment, but we need to see skin for it to work. You appear to have some privacy here, so it's as good a place as any.

[unzip sweater]
>>
No. 380636 ID: 6af537

There also seems to be a pattern on the floor. It might be related to our creation. Could you please examine it?
>>
No. 380639 ID: e3f578

>>380621
the fact that you had to meet them at all says something. They put you up for adoption or abandoned when you were born, right?

Don't waste your time with those neglectful scumbags. Look at you, forced to dig through ruins for spare change and you didn't even have a name to call your own. You raise them back, they'd just leave you again.

No girl, let us be your parents. We've even given you a name.
>>
No. 380670 ID: beb6d7

UNZIP SWEATER
>>
No. 380675 ID: 3af16b

Any loose teeth? Any problems with your hair?
>>
No. 380689 ID: 25d645
File 132691750110.png - (89.85KB , 700x500 , 10.png )
380689

Tracey feels an overwhelming urge to unzip her sweater.
She wears nothing under it save her pants, partially covered by the long tattered sweater.
She runs her hand over her concave belly.


I really am quite hungry.. It's been... 2 months? Yeah 2 months since I last ate. And that was just an apple core.

So I really have magic in me? That's so cool.. I wanna be a healer someday and like help people everywhere. And then maybe I'll learn to revive people on my own. That's like killing two birds in one ball!

>>380633
That's a lotta questions.. Uhm.. Not sure how old I am really... What's puberty?
uhm... I think some people took care of me. My memory isn't very good, especially of my early years. Now I actually don't get sick often. I think my worse sick thing was when I broke my arm a few years ago but I got better.

Take off my sweater? Well I unzipped it a bit.. Here.

She pulls the sweater over her thin body, it still covers her modest chest.

Other then being really really skinny I don't think anything's wrong with my skin.
A bit dirty maybe...

Oh hey there is a book there! Not that I could read it but I'm sure I can sell it for a pretty copper.
>>
No. 380690 ID: ed57e8

no no, it's a magic book! we can read it to you a bit to help you get started. turn to a page that looks like a list, see if it has a summon food or something.
>>
No. 380691 ID: 338c67

>>380689
We can read it to you. We're good at that! And hey, if no one knows about this place, we can stay here. No monsters, right? Nice and private, too.


[remove sweater]
>>
No. 380693 ID: ed57e8

>>380691
[no no, wait until she has gotten some food so she feels better about her body]
>>
No. 380696 ID: 1854db

>>380691
Knock it off, perv. She's really really thin anyway, I don't want to see that.

>>380689
Open the book, we can read for you if you're illiterate. Or can you read?
>>
No. 380697 ID: b82230

*keep sweater on.*
Looks like a book on summoning. Good! Summoning magic is pretty handy. You can summon something that can fly to get something that is hard to reach, someone big to move heavy stuff, summon food, all sorts of stuff!
>>
No. 380700 ID: 25d645
File 132691830135.png - (15.92KB , 299x456 , 11.png )
380700

Nope can't read.
I'll open the book for you.

It appears the cover was rather deceptive. It would take someone well versed in magic to even begin translating this.

What does it say? Can I cast magic now?
>>
No. 380701 ID: ed57e8

reading is just knowing what symbol means what. so you just read with us and you will learn.
>>
No. 380711 ID: 1854db

>>380700
Oh goddamn it, this isn't for dummies at all! We need to find a mage to learn anything from this.

Well, I guess that's our first task. Find a wizard that won't fry you on sight and beg to become an apprentice or at least have them translate the book for you.

Alternatively we could find someone who is willing to give you a fair price for the book, and buy a beginner's manual with the money alongside food.
>>
No. 380712 ID: dfc57c

It says:

Summon Familiar:
Simply place a single drop of blood within a summoning circle and say 'I summon the one who matches my soul' and a familiar will appear for as long as the caster wishes.

You know there is a summoning circle on the ground in this room. If you carefully clean it up, you could cast the spell. Just remove the dust and dirt, but don't smudge the lines and symbols.
>>
No. 380714 ID: a2fa74

>>380700
It says:

Summon familiar:
Simply place a single drop of blood within a summoning circle and say "I summon the one whom matches my soul" and a familiar will appear for as long as the castor wishes.
>>
No. 380715 ID: b82230

Hmmm... a bit tricky... give me a second... AHAH! Here we go!

Summon Familiar!
simply place a single drop of blood within a summoning circle and say "I summon the one whom matches my soul" and a familiar will appear for as long as the castor wishes.

We have one right here, just keep it clean and we are good.
>>
No. 380716 ID: ed57e8

[impart knowldge of reading]
>>
No. 380719 ID: 1854db

...nevermind.
>>
No. 380722 ID: 25d645
File 132692006784.png - (40.35KB , 700x550 , 12.png )
380722

Summon a Familiar!? Isn't that like a black cat or something!? That'd be so awesome!

She quickly runs to the magic circle.

Hmm... It's a bit damaged.
>>
No. 380724 ID: 338c67

>>380722
Find something burnt and use it to fill in the spots as carefully as possible.
>>
No. 380726 ID: 25d645
File 132692048128.png - (58.41KB , 700x550 , 13.png )
380726

How's this?
>>
No. 380727 ID: 338c67

[Relay image from >>380527 ]

Try getting closer to that, okay?
>>
No. 380728 ID: beb6d7

hah, I knew those goddamn Greeks were up to no good.
>>
No. 380729 ID: f70e5e

lets not use a damaged summoning circle. that sounds like the exact thing that can get an inexperienced mage killed.
>>
No. 380731 ID: 25d645
File 132692090220.png - (62.05KB , 700x550 , 14.png )
380731

>>380727
Ah okay, there's a few mistakes.. Let me just... Ah! No no no I made it worse! I can... Nooooo! I just keep making it worse!

Okay.. How's this?
>>
No. 380733 ID: 338c67

>>380731
Use spittle to erase, silly. Take your time. :3
>>
No. 380734 ID: b82230

Nah, ain't right yet kid. the top one is a Triangle with the pointy bit facing the center and two lines near it. Not a M. just redraw the Triangle and make it so the lines don't touch and it's good.

The right one is a P sort of shape. The tail forming a dip, not a straight line. other than that, just deepen it a bit and it's good.

The left one, you don't connect the top most part with the side line and make sure to redraw the head thingy at the bottom.

Finally, the bottom signal, erase the bit between the two big arrows. when you are done, should look like two big arrows with little lines facing outwards and a small arrow point up right above and between them.

Other than that, should work a bit better.
>>
No. 380735 ID: 25d645
File 132692130859.png - (65.64KB , 700x550 , 15.png )
380735

I don't really have much spit..

After a few minutes of gathering enough saliva to actually do anything Tracey fixes up the circle. By now most of the original circle is completely gone.

There.. How's that?
>>
No. 380737 ID: dfc57c

The center should be a circle and the four lines should be straight and unbroken. That good so far.

But the symbols need more work. The top and bottom look okay now. The right is close, but think more of two snakes crawling over each other. And the left is close, too, Just add an arc under the lowest line such that there is an eye.
>>
No. 380738 ID: 1854db

The left symbol needs the little loop at the bottom. Aside from that you're good.
>>
No. 380740 ID: 25d645
File 132692162557.png - (143.59KB , 700x550 , 16.png )
380740

She fixes up the left most symbol. The circle glows slightly and gives off magical energy.

It worked!
>>
No. 380741 ID: 1854db

>>380740
Awesome! Alright, now carefully do the ritual. A single drop of blood inside the circle, and "I summon the one whom matches my soul".
>>
No. 380745 ID: 25d645
File 132692223942.png - (150.22KB , 700x550 , 17.png )
380745

Tracey bites her finger hard enough to draw blood and makes a drop of it hit the circle. The circle seems to consume it and glows even brighter.

"I summon the one whom matches my soul."

A blinding light flashes for a moment. Where the drop of blood hit now sits...
A crab.


???
Food?
>>
No. 380746 ID: beb6d7
File 132692229382.jpg - (3.69KB , 103x128 , galdergran.jpg )
380746

maybe you could... eat the familiar.
>>
No. 380747 ID: 1854db

>>380745
Not food. This is your familiar. Say hello. Maybe it can talk?
>>
No. 380750 ID: 338c67

>>380745
This is your friend. He will help you.

How do you feel?

[love the crab]
>>
No. 380754 ID: ed57e8

a crab, a tough thing. just like you. it should be able to understand you.
>>
No. 380776 ID: 79c297

Given the wording of the spell, it is possible that given your crablike soul, that it summoned some random, delicious crab. But let's explore every other possibility first, yeah?
>>
No. 380777 ID: a2fa74

>>380745
Not food.
>>
No. 380781 ID: b82230

Hmmm, a rather enduring familiar. Aquatic too so it could help us catch fish. Then again, cancer is the crab constellation and I did notice you have the symbol on your belly button.

Either way, no eating the familiar.
>>
No. 380784 ID: 25d645
File 132693272527.png - (76.63KB , 700x500 , 18.png )
380784

I think I love this little crab..

"Hello delicious familiar."

The crab waves one of it's claws at her. It seems to understand her but is unable to actually communicate.

>>380781
Oh is that what it means? Huh I didn't know that.

She rubs her stomach again as it growls

So hungry..
>>
No. 380787 ID: 431fa8

>>380784
Well, that was fairly successful.

What's next in the book?
>>
No. 380788 ID: b82230

Well, we got a book, got the first spell done, got you a familiar, so let's get you some food.

Fruit trees and some berry bushes could have fruits and some wild animals like rabbits or chickens can fill you up if we cook them and clean them. Got to see what's available first.
>>
No. 380789 ID: 5f55fe

>>380787
Honestly, we should really worry about food for now. This whole magic thing can wait until we get her a sandwich or something.
>>
No. 380790 ID: ed57e8

put it on your head so you don't get any ideas, then let's figure out the food situation.take the book with you and head back up.
>>
No. 380791 ID: 431fa8

>>380789
If she's lived two months on an apple core, she can last another half hour while we try to gain her the tools that she'll need to get food more effectively in the future.
>>
No. 380792 ID: 79c297

We should try to summon a large ham sandwich.
>>
No. 380793 ID: 25d645
File 132693424743.png - (46.99KB , 700x500 , 19.png )
380793

She puts the crab on her head and heads outside.
The land beyond the basement is completely barren..
Far away there is the Land of Abel, enclosed by a large imposing wall.


I don't think there are any berry bushes out here.
>>
No. 380794 ID: ed57e8

okay, so summoning food is the way to go. next page.
>>
No. 380795 ID: 1854db

Er. Yes, let's see what else we can learn with this book.
>>
No. 380796 ID: 510737

>>380794
we should try this, just do what you did before but replace one with sandwich.
>>
No. 380797 ID: f70e5e

you mentioned you haven't eaten for two months, how long can you go before you starve to death? also what species are you?
>>
No. 380802 ID: 252e1b

>>380689

Signs of wasting, not good. We're going to have to get you on a high calorie diet soon. And either your memory is faulty, or your magic bloodline has been helping to sustain you. Probably the latter, given that you don't get sick as much now.

Puberty is the last major period of rapid development for your body. Your voice deepens a little, you get more body hair, your hips widen and your boobs grow some, and your brain physically changes. For some people with magic, they become fully capable of learning how to use it at that point.

If you aren't getting enough to eat, your puberty will not occur correctly. Another reason I needed to look at you.

>>380784

Ah, good, a crab familiar. I believe one of the powers they can grant is water breathing, though it really depends on the skill of the summoner and the bond between familiar and mage. Perhaps you should name it.

>>380793

Ah, a wasteland. Well, no country is completely isolated. There will be trade routes, caravans, people moving around. We can get food from them, if nothing else, and get a ride out of here to somewhere with better long-term prospects.
>>
No. 380806 ID: 510737

>>380802
yeah do what he says, sounds like he knows his stuff.
>>
No. 380831 ID: b82230

Might want to keep it simple for her. She's a hungry girl. Food first, bodily functions second. Take a look at that book and see if there is a summoning spell for food. If not, well... then we hunt.

Place may be barren, but I bet there are some creatures here and there hiding in the shade of debris. Besides, might be a few weak monsters you can kill for food and cash. Monsters always seem to have cash and cash means food.
>>
No. 380832 ID: 97486c
File 132694750801.png - (25.43KB , 375x206 , 20.png )
380832

>>380797
I think the longest I've gone is like a year. that was a very bad year... Also I'm human.

>>380796
The circle vanished right after I summoned him.. I might be able to recreate it though.

>>380802
Well other then magic that puberty thing doesn't seem all that important. Besides I have boobs. And hips, I can see them right now. Well, hip bones at least.

Also there are a 'few' carts that come by throughout the day and most go straight into the city. I could bug them I suppose.

As for the crab.. I dub thee, Mr. Crab.

"Tell me Mr. Crab, what can you do?"

She places the crab down. As soon as it touches the ground it scuttles away. After a moment it comes back with a stick.

Aww how cute.

She eats the stick
>>
No. 380833 ID: ed57e8

uhhh... i think it was gonna do something with the stick.
>>
No. 380834 ID: 338c67

>>380832
Let it get another stick. Maybe it can write!
>>
No. 380835 ID: 97486c
File 132694791940.png - (107.60KB , 700x500 , 21.png )
380835

"Go get more sticks, complete your.... Whatever you were doing!"

Mr. Crab fetches more sticks and puts them in a small pile. With a click on his pincers he lights the bundle on fire. The fire sparks with an unnatural blue tint. A strong breeze passes over them but the fire still remains. Mr. Crab settles in as if saying that's about all he can do now
>>
No. 380836 ID: ed57e8

approach the fire. does it feel hot?
>>
No. 380838 ID: b82230

Great! Fire makes our job easier! We can cook food now. Alright, try to look for lizards, bird nests, relatively big bugs, and the like. Mr. Crab can help too.
>>
No. 380871 ID: 6e44d2

Aw, we're so sweet to our masters.

Look in that book, see if there are any spells for summoning food.
>>
No. 380913 ID: 886a4d

[Imbue with knowledge of the written word]
I wonder if that will help.
>>
No. 380960 ID: beb6d7

I hear some people can eat fire.
>>
No. 381043 ID: c0e69a

>>380960
Don't listen to this voice, it speaks madness!
>>
No. 381044 ID: fa9f7e

>>381043
Truth and madness are often concurrent.
>>
No. 381072 ID: 510737

>>381044
this voice speak wisely...But seriously don't try to eat fire... last person I saw try that ....well lets just say he won't be french kissing anyone any time soon...or ever.
>>
No. 381073 ID: ed57e8

>>381072
hey, i said to see if it's hot. if it's hot then obviously don't eat it. but if it isn't hot and you can touch it without harm, then eating it may work.
>>
No. 381125 ID: beb6d7

>>381072

last person I saw who did it gained a sister... who are you even talking about man
>>
No. 381353 ID: 97486c
File 132712186145.gif - (57.62KB , 450x309 , 22.gif )
381353

>>380960
Maybe just one little...



!!!!


Okay that was stupid!
>>
No. 381354 ID: 97486c
File 132712193713.png - (50.90KB , 700x500 , 23.png )
381354

oh hey.. It's one of those trade things.

Usually they have quite a few things on sale for travelers, they even buy things.

Most of the time though they see me, scream, then run away.

One really awesome time though they left behind the thing they were selling! That was a great day.
>>
No. 381363 ID: b82230

Scream eh? Not very nice of them. Well, you should try to talk to them and be polite. Being polite tends to help a lot. We could also aid in negotiations for food as well.
>>
No. 381367 ID: ed57e8

run to them.
>>
No. 381368 ID: 1854db

Try getting them to come to you. Like, wave at them and beckon them over.
>>
No. 381372 ID: 6a5a08

Show them the dance of your people.
>>
No. 381375 ID: 510737

>>381125
wait....what? dude, err... chick. EAT THAT FIRE! WE SHALL GET ANOTHER PARTY MEMBER!
>>
No. 381395 ID: 807ed3

uhh. trade fire for food. failing that, offer sexual favours.
>>
No. 381412 ID: 3f91de

>>381354
When they see you? Hmm. Pull your hood lower, then wave at them and calmly walk towards them. Don't rush at them or they'll think you're attacking them.
>>
No. 381487 ID: f70e5e

>>381412
this is a good idea.
>>
No. 383050 ID: 97486c
File 132781989199.png - (54.34KB , 512x512 , 24.png )
383050

She lowers her hood and calmly approaches the caravan.
She actually makes it close enough for the Shop Interface to appear.


>"Hello. What can I get for you mya?"
>>
No. 383052 ID: 6a5a08

Supplies is food.
Do you have money?
>>
No. 383057 ID: 97486c
File 132782013905.png - (59.66KB , 512x512 , 25.png )
383057

>>383052
....
>>
No. 383058 ID: ed57e8

sell MAGIC FIRE.
>>
No. 383060 ID: 1854db

Well shit.

Get down on your hands and knees and grovel before her, saying you're in desperate need of help and you have no money and you'll do ANYTHING to pay her back for some food. Tell her you have a bit of talent for magic and found this book about summoning. You can call your crab over and show her that it's your familiar.

Don't show your face to her throughout this. That is probably what they're freaking out about. Heck, we can't even see your face.
>>
No. 383064 ID: 97486c
File 132782109885.png - (60.53KB , 512x512 , 26.png )
383064

But I don't want to sell the Magic Fire..

She gets down on her hands and knees

"I'm really really really hungry and I really want food but I don't have any money. If you could spare some for me I would do anything, I'm training in magic and I can even summon a bit."

She points to Mr. Crab.

>"Anything?"
>>
No. 383067 ID: 1854db

Um. Ask her what she wants the crab to do.
>>
No. 383070 ID: f70e5e

"except abandon my familiar yes."
>>
No. 383071 ID: a2fa74

>>383064
"Anything I can do. I can't do things I can't do.
Also, he makes magic wind-proof fire."
>>
No. 383078 ID: ed57e8

"yes"
>>
No. 383081 ID: 97486c
File 132782328135.png - (59.61KB , 512x512 , 27.png )
383081

"Well... Uhm, yeah pretty much anything.. I mean if I can't do it I can't do it.."

She points to the wagon.

>"Well since you're a magic user our healer could use your help. Some of her potions require at least 2 mages. If you help her I can give you some spare food."
>>
No. 383082 ID: ed57e8

yes! try the FUCK out of making those potions!
>>
No. 383084 ID: 1854db

>>383081
...well if anything weird happens you can show them your face.

...how about you ask for some light though. I'd like to see what's in there before you go in.
>>
No. 383086 ID: 97486c
File 132782442357.png - (29.10KB , 512x512 , 28.png )
383086

"Can I uhm.. Look inside?"

>"Nope mya. Light ruins the potions. So you gonna take it or not?"

"...."

She steps inside. A pair of bright eyes shine as they seem to examine her in the darkness.

>"Magic user?"

"uh huh..."

>"I can sense it.. Yes... You are special."

"S-special..?"

>"Yes. One of the Signed. Your magic is based off of the stars you were born under.. It is very rare."

Wow.. I'm special.
>>
No. 383087 ID: ed57e8

yep. ask what you need to do.
>>
No. 383088 ID: 6a5a08

"What does the round one with the circles and lines do?"
>>
No. 383089 ID: 97486c
File 132782491712.png - (29.21KB , 512x512 , 29.png )
383089

"That's so cool... So what do you need me to help you with?"

>"Nothing. Actually I would like you to leave."

"???"

>"Your sign. It brings death to all."

"W-what..?"

>"You are Cancer. An immortal being who's only magic involves spreading sickness to others. You are essentially the harbinger of sickness. It is people like you who are responsible for the Plaugespreaders."

"Huh..?"

>"You look very skinny. A normal person would be dead by now. You can never die from your body wearing down or decay. You just continue to exist, spreading illness wherever you go. I wouldn't be surprised if your parents accidentally died from you just being around them."

"I... what?"

>"Can you leave please? I really would rather you not be anywhere near me."
>>
No. 383090 ID: 6a5a08

Ask if there's any way to fix it.
>>
No. 383092 ID: 97486c
File 132782520530.png - (29.13KB , 512x512 , 30.png )
383092

"I-is there any way to fix it..?"

>"Dying. That'll work. I could set you on fire. That usually kills your type."
>>
No. 383093 ID: 6a5a08

Ask if there are any signs that could suppress your 'sickness'.
>>
No. 383094 ID: ed57e8

yeah what about another sign, that counteracts your own.
>>
No. 383097 ID: 1b0f2f

Oh sure, you're going to find some guy under a healthy sign and parasitize off of him just to avoid being so gaunt? Well that's just great.

You can't have been born under the sign of Cancer anyway. You're clearly Famine not Pestilence.
>>
No. 383098 ID: f70e5e

"are you sure that I cause sickness by accident? I don't remember anyone I knew dying of sickness before my village was sacked."
>>
No. 383100 ID: 1854db

What about some way to suppress it?

Wait a minute, it's not true that our magic only brings sickness. We summoned a crab! It's not sick!
>>
No. 383107 ID: 807ed3

>>383097

uh. actually, she has a Karkat tattoo on her belly. so she very likely is a cancer.

what a jerk. leave, since you apparently don't need food to live.
>>
No. 383122 ID: 1444d5

>>383089
>An immortal being who's only magic involves spreading sickness to others.
"Then how did I summon a crab?"
>>
No. 383123 ID: ed57e8

>>383122
that crab started a SICK FIRE
>>
No. 383128 ID: e3f578

Man, we just need to get our research skills on or join a community of signed Cancers, either evil or good, who gives a shit, because the world will hate you anyway.

I'd ask if there's a place or refuge for Cancer's where they can hurt people minimally while still managing to enjoy life. I mean seriously, civilization probably has gone through enough time to make something that hopefully isn't a concentration camp. Then totally ask if that refuge is a concentration camp because fuuuuuuck that. And nursing homes. No nursing homes either.

Asking that should prove to her that you mean to be good-natured and she may spare you for it. The probability that she is willing kill a good-natured rational being is about 60% near Abel's place, slightly better then what I assume is now and very much more worse then anywhere else except for Angels, sociopath's focused on preserving "good", and apparently traders.
>>
No. 383130 ID: fa9f7e

>>383122
Crabs = Cancer. Zodiac symbols. Derp.
>>
No. 383134 ID: 6a5a08

>>383130
The point, I believe, is that she created something that isn't dead, corrupted, or spreading pestilence wherever it goes.
>>
No. 383159 ID: a2fa74

>>383092
Back away to the edge of the tent.
"But I summoned a crab. It's not sick or anything!"
>>
No. 383172 ID: fcf88e

...oh that witch did NOT pull the 'die in the fire because you cause bad things to happen' card.

Is there a speaker function on this orb? Because I have a shit ton to say to her.

First off; That's pretty bloody ballsy coming from someone hiding in the dark. Doesn't matter if your potions need to be in the dark, YOU DON'T. It's a cowardly tactic and to be fair you sound like a bumpkin of a mage.

Know what manifest destiny is? It's when bad shit happens because people think it happens. Look at this girl. Poor thing is hungry and sickly because douche nozzles like you think she's harbinger of death and disease. You know what causes diseases? Being filthy, malnourished, and generally poor living conditions. ANYONE could be become like that in her current situation. Hell, the whole 'not dying from wasting away' thing is probably WHY she is still alive and kicking. She is not the cause of the curse, it's you LOT who cause it by treating her like a monster!

That leads to numero three: The whole parent abandonment thing. You know crap about her and you drop THAT on her head?! Holy crap are you a dick! Try saying those words to some normal child and pat yourself on the back then. You don't know what she has been through and are simply making assumptions based on 'prophecy' for all we know, they wanted to protect her from dick hats like you. Besides, what would you do if people said YOUR race was a blight? Would you roll over and let yourself be burnt to ashes or would you live?

I am not even sure we should even work for such a biggot Tracey. If I had the ability to manifest a arm out of this orb I would punch that condescending racist bastard in the FACE.
>>
No. 383187 ID: cf49fc

>>383172
[Crab, flip off the other mage. Then set them on fire.]
Hey, don't listen horrible bitch. She probably was made in a tube, and never even had parents. Let's get out of her....

After we of the orb have finished screaming at that huge bitch.
>>
No. 383193 ID: 1b0f2f

Guys be quiet! The mage will steal us if she knows we're here!
>>
No. 383194 ID: 31afe3

>>383193
At which point we take control of the mage and humiliate them terribly. Reveeeenge.
>>
No. 383585 ID: 97486c
File 132799810784.png - (54.78KB , 512x512 , 31.png )
383585

Since those were merely suggestions and not commands Tracey does what she normally does when confronted with something she doesn't feel comfortable with
she runs.

She runs away and when she feels she's far enough she drops to her knees and cries.


So that's it...? My only magic is summoning crabs and causing horrible illnesses..?
And I might've even killed my parents..

No wonder no one ever wants to be around me.... No wonder I could never get into the city..
>>
No. 383586 ID: ed57e8

[stop feeling sorry for yourself and get mad, go bug that person over there]
>>
No. 383587 ID: fcf88e

The only person with a disease is that shady mage in the tent. It is a terminal disease that affects those with weak minds and causes them to jump to conclusions over the dumbest things. It's called Douche Bag syndrome.

Don't beat yourself up Tracey, that jerk knows nothing about you and likely never will. Too bad for him/her/it, because we are going to upturn FATE ITSELF to get you your happy end.

Now, there seems to be someone over there. Why not say hello? Maybe s/he will treat you nicer?
>>
No. 383588 ID: 97486c
File 132799867336.png - (98.72KB , 512x512 , 32.png )
383588

>>383586
I'm mad now!
I'm gonna go bug that person over there!

Tracey marches over to the person standing in front of the city.

"You! I'm mad!"

>"Oh? And what're you mad about?"

An odd looking creature talks to her without really facing her. Though, there really isn't much of a face on her.

"I don't know!"

>"Well that's a silly reason to be mad. Personally I'm mad that the darn guard won't let me into the city."

"Oh yeah? I think I'm mad about that to!"

>"It's stupid really. I mean I 'am' a Hero after all."

"Really?"

>"Uh huh. Used to be a Demon."
>>
No. 383589 ID: ed57e8

ask to join them in their quest of heroics! you can use your powers to make bad guys sick so they can't fight.
>>
No. 383590 ID: a2fa74

>>383588
Hug her! With your new lesbian lover you don't have to ever go hungry again!
>>
No. 383591 ID: 1854db

>>383588
Ask her for food. Or any help whatsoever. She's a hero, she's gotta take pity on the downtrodden, right?
>>
No. 383593 ID: ee8bb3

>>383588
"... wait, how do you mean "used to be a demon?" i thought that if you are a demon, you will always be a demon."
>>
No. 383594 ID: 385f21

Tell her that the voices say hello and ask about her sword's whereabouts.
>>
No. 383595 ID: 31afe3

[this woman is attractive]
>>
No. 383597 ID: 1854db

>>383594
(we're Legion, not the Overlord.)
>>
No. 383617 ID: f70e5e

this person seems to be trying to gain acceptance despite being a demon, maybe you could try joining her? also your parents died when your village was attacked didn't they? i don't think your magic is as out of control as that person said it was.
>>
No. 383623 ID: 807ed3

if she gets to deny the nature she was born with, so do you.

go townways.
>>
No. 383638 ID: 6e44d2

Boy, I sure do hope we get to kill this obnoxious "hero."
>>
No. 383726 ID: 97486c
File 132807115358.png - (45.78KB , 512x512 , 33.png )
383726

"You are very attractive..."

>"Oh thank you."

Oh god why did I say that..

"Uhm... How do you mean "used to be a demon?" I thought that if you are a demon, you will always be a demon."

>"What? No that's silly. You can be whatever you want to be if you put your mind to it."

She points to her blade

>"Or if you have an awesome magical sword that gives you advice."
>>
No. 383727 ID: ed57e8

[show her us] i got a thing that gives advice too!
>>
No. 383729 ID: a2fa74

>>383726
Hug her
"So I can stop being a Signed? Or even get food? I'm sticking with you, then!"
>>
No. 383741 ID: f70e5e

>>383729
do this.

something to keep in mind, her sword is another conduit for legion. i'm not sure what that means for us. we have had interference issues when two contact points are brought close together in the past. though that doesn't seem to be happening this time.
>>
No. 383742 ID: ed57e8

>>383741
overlord i not legion, legion is like a million tiny demons
>>
No. 383752 ID: c0e69a

>>383729
>>383741
Be careful Tracey, Voices like these will try to make you hug anything with a pair of breasts.

Anyway, try to touch our orb to the sword and see what happens.
>>
No. 383758 ID: 31afe3

[Enjoy the company of ladies.]

Indeed, hug her for this glorious revelation!
>>
No. 383760 ID: 807ed3

YOU GUYS WE MUST TOUCH OUR BALLS TOGETHER
>>
No. 383899 ID: 97486c
File 132817164290.png - (70.29KB , 453x404 , 34.png )
383899

"I think I enjoy being around you. Can I stay with you? I don't have anywhere else to go."

>"Sure! What else are heroes for?"

Tracey hugs the Hero.

"What's your name?"

>"Fluffy."

"Hehe.. That's a weird name. Mine is Tracey."

>"Well nice to meet you then. Hey Tracey, are you a good fighter?"

"Uhm.. I can make people really sick."

>"Willing to help me with something?"
>>
No. 383901 ID: 31afe3

>>383899
Why the hell not~

She might have food, later!
>>
No. 383902 ID: ed57e8

YES!
>>
No. 383915 ID: b71157

>>383899
"if i help you, do i get food?"
>>
No. 383919 ID: 86fe4d

dude. touch orb with sword, dude.
>>
No. 383995 ID: 5a6216
File 132824184348.png - (94.92KB , 600x600 , 35.png )
383995

"If I help you will I get food?"

>"All the food you could eat!"

Hmm... Maybe fortune is finally smiling upon me. I think I can trust this girl..

Thanks for the help guys

She pockets Legion

Let's hope this goes well.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password