[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 410682)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39865 unique user posts. View catalog

File 133682332022.png - (317.79KB , 700x700 , s3-1.png )
410682 No. 410682 ID: c811c4

When Alison can see again, she is falling. It is significantly hotter, and she has a key tied to a necklace that she wasn't wearing before.
Expand all images
>>
No. 410683 ID: c811c4
File 133682334441.png - (26.94KB , 950x950 , s3-2.png )
410683

She lands in an enclosed space with 7 others. There is a door out of here that has a lock with three keyholes.

There is a sign. It reads that pushing boxes will make them slide until hitting a wall, and they will shoot fire out of their holes while moving. With body Rank 4, Alison can choose to push the blocks at a speed of 1 or 2 tiles per turn, and if she chooses 2, the pushed fireblock will not harm her even if it has a hole facing her as she pushes it away.

Stage 3 Begin
>>
No. 410684 ID: 886a4d

Push 1 speed up
>>
No. 410687 ID: d9c7bf

if we do so will be exposed to the attack of the guy with the other key
>>
No. 410688 ID: 886a4d

Depends on if pushing the block moves us with it which I doubt. Unless you can ride them. The big question is do you need to be on the same square as a block to push it or just beside it.

In order to reach us Shield will have to move 1 down and 1 left if we do move up and 2 down and 1 left if we don't. We do need to test out the block mechanics in any case.
>>
No. 410689 ID: fc2465

Talk to the guy near you with the shield and try to buddy up. Move one left.
>>
No. 410690 ID: 886a4d

If we're going to cooperate we might as well say to all of them that we don't have to kill one another to proceed. We just need to put 3 keys in at once. Hopefully most won't agree since we do need the CU.

I just realized we forgot to have someone watch Chief to see who he recruits. We have no idea how many of these are enemies.
>>
No. 410691 ID: 886a4d

In any case talk first. Then decide to push or move. If the guy nearest you declines push the block one up, if he agrees move 1 left.

If he agrees you might be able to combine your Push to up to four squares in one go.
>>
No. 410693 ID: c811c4
File 133682625827.png - (9.53KB , 700x700 , s3-3.png )
410693

Alison calls out to everyone asking if they're willing to work together.

The two headed snake immediately declines, but no one else shows outright hostility nor siding by Alison.

She also notices that with the blocks this close, she can move diagonally - probably push diagonally, as well.

The Shield says he has no evidence that Alison can be trusted.
>>
No. 410695 ID: 886a4d

That we can work with. Say we'll meet up. If we can coexist in the same square without attacking each other then they can work together. If either attacks the other then its obvious that we're untrustworthy.

To garuntee this Allison is willing to let him have the first attack as if he moves one down and then stays there the next turn he can know if she is going to attack when she moves up to join him.

Its a risk but we do need more allies.
>>
No. 410696 ID: d9c7bf

>>410695
yeah for more allies!
>>
No. 410698 ID: c811c4
File 133682784677.png - (26.36KB , 950x950 , s3-3(2).png )
410698

>Get the Shield to join on the same tile, and he may defend first
Alison explains this, and he accepts the offer.

The Shield moves onto the designated tile.

Lopears attacks Wolf!
Wolf attacks Lopears!

>>
No. 410700 ID: c811c4
File 133682793098.png - (35.08KB , 950x950 , s3-4.png )
410700

Alison moves up, and the Shield does not attack.

It also is shown that pushing a block counts as a move action.

Wolf is burned! 3 HP removed!
Lopears is burned! 3 HP removed!

Wolf is slain! Lopears is slain!

Swordswoman uses Absorb Lv 2 on Lopears!

>>
No. 410701 ID: fc2465

Try combining your pushing power to push the block you're on 3 to the right.
>>
No. 410702 ID: e3f578

>>410700
Please point out to the others that fighting is risky for both parties as they can obviously see. For these early levels, it is just much too risky.

If you must defeat each other, like in order to escape, it's more beneficial to do it through each stage's puzzles. We should work together until we figure out exactly what the stage wants us to do. There's a sign in front of the elf I think, ask him/her what it says if you can't read it from here. Don't ask how you know what an elf is.
>>
No. 410707 ID: 34b761

>>410700
Is absorb usable on one of the two recently deceased people? If so I vote we use it on Wolf, as not to bother the Swordsmen.
>>
No. 410708 ID: 886a4d

We're too far away, we need to be within 3 squares. Introduce ourselves to Shield, ask if he has a name and share our stats.
>>
No. 410709 ID: bdb3f8

>>410702
Thats not a sign, thats the lock with three keyholes. We need three people to open it.
>>
No. 410711 ID: 886a4d

Blob is an enemy, he sent a block at us. Snake is as well. The two unknowns is elf and the lower guy. Goat maybe? Ask again if anyone else wants to cooperate. If noone replies do this. >>410703
>>
No. 410719 ID: b85f8c

>>410711
Let's not waste time on more words. This stage is HIGHLY lethal, so we must work to defend ourselves first and foremost.

We will have to move left or up-left soon, to avoid the block above us. Up-left would work to avoid that blob-sent block.
>>
No. 410724 ID: 886a4d

We can survive a block hitting us twice in fact and still heal given enough time 4 turns thanks to fibinocci armor regen. The enemies around us are the biggest threat.
>>
No. 410732 ID: e3aff6

Push our current block up-right two. We have time before the block from those dead guys gets here, and finding out how block collision works as soon as possible would be useful.
>>
No. 410734 ID: 886a4d

>>410732
We'll see collision in 3 turns regardless of what we do unless we move the block north-east of us before it hits.
>>
No. 410740 ID: 166adc

>>410700
Pay attention, to see if the flames melt or damage the icy looking floors. If they turn into pitfalls then serious plan changes will be needed.
>>
No. 410741 ID: cd6e04

absorb wolfie so guardsman gets a better mount.
>>
No. 410749 ID: b9e291

>>410741

Can only absorb from up to 2 tiles away. 3 tiles? I forget if we took Absorb 3. Either way, wolfie is all the way across the board.
>>
No. 410750 ID: 886a4d

Ya we have absorb 3. If snake and goat move forward and one dies we can absorb them then. If they don't we're out of luck.

Depends really, Goat tried to kill Snake with that block so its hard to say where they are going to move.
>>
No. 410785 ID: 369d34

DoubleSnake is a certain member of Chief's gang. He was seen behind Chief, back when the rumors were being shared. He's a danger to everyone here that isn't part of Chief's group.

Tell Shield to help you push this block to the right, then yell to Goat to jump down-left.

If the keys drop from the fallen here, then maybe we can collect them to open the door.
>>
No. 410786 ID: 886a4d

The door might be one use only even if everyone has a key.
>>
No. 410822 ID: c811c4
File 133685878104.png - (32.21KB , 950x950 , s3-5.png )
410822

Alison has an absorb range of 3 regularly, but with stage interaction to all players, she may use absorb regardless.

Alison/Doublesnake/Slime uses absorb on Wolf! Alison has highest level, gains 71 CU.

Alison and Spear push! Sent with 3 tile speed.
Doublesnake is caught! Takes 1 damage.


Alison tells the Goat to move downleft, but it moves up right instead.
>>
No. 410824 ID: b0d466

You and your partner move left, or upleft
>>
No. 410828 ID: c811c4
File 133685926814.png - (29.05KB , 950x950 , s3-6.png )
410828

>Northeast

Swordswoman gets a key!
>>
No. 410830 ID: b0d466

North!
>>
No. 410831 ID: 886a4d

North it is. Hopefully blob is blockading the door and not holding it for her.
>>
No. 410832 ID: 369d34

Looks like Swordswoman is trying to collect enough keys to leave on her own. Slime looks like he's moving to try and push that block in Swordwoman's direction.

If you can, jump to the east, intercept that moving block and push it northwards.
>>
No. 410833 ID: 5029d1

push block northeast.
>>
No. 410834 ID: 886a4d

We have no idea what colliding blocks do yet, until then intercepting that is pointless.
>>
No. 410845 ID: b85f8c

>>410828
Ask Swordswoman if she wouldn't mind waiting at the door so you can all go through at once.

Also put on your casual outfit again. Battle in formal wear is not appropriate.
>>
No. 410850 ID: c811c4
File 133686082934.png - (33.01KB , 950x950 , s3-7.png )
410850

>North

Swordswoman gets a key!

Alison asks the Swordswoman if she wouldn't mind waiting at the door for everyone. She gives the silent treatment back.

Doublesnake says that if the swordswoman goes through alone, she'd better hope that we can't follow.

If Alison is to change clothes, she'll have to do so at a checkpoint.
>>
No. 410851 ID: b9e291

>>410845

Do... do you need a towel?
>>
No. 410852 ID: 886a4d

north-east
>>
No. 410853 ID: b0d466

North
>>
No. 410855 ID: 886a4d

If we go north-east twice we can intercept the block if snake throws it. ((thats up-right))
>>
No. 410856 ID: 369d34

Don't know how those three flaming blocks to the south-east will interact. Jump to the north-east and see what Doublesnake and Slime do.

Note that Goat must have at least body rank 4 to shove that block two spaces.
>>
No. 410864 ID: b0d466

SOUTH unless we can get on the blocks in which case NORTHEAST
>>
No. 410865 ID: 886a4d

northeast
>>
No. 410867 ID: c811c4
File 133686234595.png - (36.23KB , 950x950 , s3-8.png )
410867

>Northeast

The Slime pushes a block west, and collides with the Goat's block. The goat's block upward momentum is canceled, and begins sliding west..

Swordsman takes 2 fire damage! Swordsman takes 3 fire damage!
>>
No. 410869 ID: 886a4d

We never got our allies stats, we're very close to seeing battle.
>>
No. 410870 ID: b9e291

>>410864

Wolf pushed the block while on it and it just slid out from under him and ...burned him to death. Man, talk about fail.
>>
No. 410871 ID: 5029d1

stay still. sword is gonna get burned again and wompped by that block.
>>
No. 410872 ID: 886a4d

East, we can't afford to take any damage this close to so many enemies.
>>
No. 410873 ID: b9e291

>>410867

HOLY CRAP FIRE did 2-Snake push the block too? Diagonally??
>>
No. 410874 ID: 886a4d

Ya blocks bumping itno one anaother push both.
>>
No. 410876 ID: c811c4
File 133686334158.png - (29.44KB , 950x950 , s3-9.png )
410876

>Stay still

Swordswoman takes 3 fire damage!

>Ask for stats

Shields body/armor/weapon is at 4/6/5 respectively.
>>
No. 410877 ID: b0d466

She might push it at us, go southeast
>>
No. 410880 ID: 369d34

Doublesnake's plan is likely to try and eliminate as many others as possible before leaving. He's going to attack Swordswoman, kill her, and take her keys.

Jump north-east; The block there will be gone when you land. See what Doublesnake does and how much damage he does and takes. From there decide whether to directly attack, or jump to the north-west and start shoving flaming blocks to the east.
>>
No. 410881 ID: 886a4d

East. Prepare to attack.
>>
No. 410882 ID: 886a4d

mm to break the tie I change my vote to north-east. As long as we're headed towards them.
>>
No. 410883 ID: b9e291

You don't want to fight anyone if you don't have to, since some may have 8 attack, plus it's so much more convenient if they kill each other. If they don't, you can move closer. I'd say southeast.
>>
No. 410884 ID: 886a4d

Theres only a limited number of keys and if snake kills her he has 4 of them.
>>
No. 410885 ID: cd6e04

go south, it is the safest. let them kill each other while you stay in absorb range.
>>
No. 410888 ID: b85f8c

They can't predict how we're going to advance. They are more likely worried about eachother, so we don't have to worry about being attacked ourselves. May as well go northeast.

Alternatively we could go northwest towards the blocks, and use them to attack swordswoman and whoever else is hostile.
>>
No. 410889 ID: 369d34

>>410883
Doublesnake is certainly going to attack Swordswoman. He's already weakened her to setup for the attack. Once he attacks, we can see how strong he is, and judge from there.
>>
No. 410890 ID: 886a4d

If swordswoman is smart she'll move north, then east. so she can recover armor.
>>
No. 410895 ID: 369d34

>>410890
Which puts her next to Slime, while in a weakened state.

How about shouting to her to jump west, so you two can stack with her. She's facing getting killed anyway, so she might accept.
>>
No. 410898 ID: 886a4d

I think she might not have communication... this would be a good time for scan hah. Anyway ya tell her to go west. If she does great. If she doesn't maybe we'll intercept snake.
>>
No. 410899 ID: c811c4
File 133686535857.png - (25.77KB , 950x950 , s3-10.png )
410899

Alison asks Swordswoman to move west, and she nods.

The Snake is asking the goat and the slime to team up against them, but no answer is given yet.
>>
No. 410901 ID: b0d466

Attack the snake!
>>
No. 410903 ID: 886a4d

Move northwest. Have her hold up fingers, first set for body, second set for armor, third for weapon.
>>
No. 410904 ID: 886a4d

Tell the others if they team up against the snake then all of you can go together. No more death.
>>
No. 410908 ID: 09e5bf

Tell the others you don't care about the snake other than how he hates you. You just was to get out of here with as many people as possible.
>>
No. 410909 ID: 369d34

Say that if they all team up against Doublesnake, we'll all leave here together. Tell them that Doublesnake is part of Chief's crew, and will backstab them to secure his own spot in the exit. You, however, want to get as many people out as possible.

Move north-west, and tell everyone else to avoid Doublesnake and try to stack up with you. If we get enough keys to leave together, we don't even have to fight him.
>>
No. 410917 ID: 886a4d

We actually have enough keys with Swordswoman with us. She has 3 and we have 2. Unfortunately I think this is an elimination room so only two people can advance (3 keys each.) We might have to kill them at the door anyway.
>>
No. 410920 ID: c811c4
File 133686691889.png - (14.70KB , 800x600 , s3-10(2).png )
410920

Alison tells them if they team up against the snake, they can all leave together.

Before the next turn comes, the snake has challenged Alison with a red glove!

Use glove scissors?
>>
No. 410921 ID: 886a4d

Yes use them. This is why we bought them.
>>
No. 410922 ID: f70e5e

we hit the snake, let the swords-women stay behind if she's low on hp, then just leave.
>>
No. 410923 ID: b0d466

Save the glove scissors, we can take him.
>>
No. 410924 ID: 09e5bf

Use them and say you'll fight the snake with whoever else wants to help.
>>
No. 410926 ID: e75a2f

Just kill him. He will keep hounding you if you don't.

Remember that the victor returns from the duel with however much HP they had at the start of the duel, and the snake is slightly wounded.
>>
No. 410929 ID: 369d34

>>410926
He was slightly wounded several turns ago. His armor has certainly regenerated by now.

We don't know anything about Doublesnake's weapon, armor, or body ranks. Use the glove scissors. They can be bought again; An extra life cannot.
>>
No. 410930 ID: 886a4d

That would have healed up by now.
>>
No. 410936 ID: e75a2f

>>410929
They can only be bought again from the shopkeep. What are we going to do if we get red-gloved by someone else?
>>
No. 410937 ID: 369d34

>>410936
Win, or lose a life, same as if we fight now.
>>
No. 410939 ID: cd6e04

25 CU is a good price to see the dismay on his face when we cut his glove.
>>
No. 410940 ID: 04b86a

Does HP heal in checkpoints? If it does, then accepting this duel will be better than using the scissors now and losing a life from one later.
>>
No. 410941 ID: a9298b

>>410937
we'll have much worse chances against anyone who duels us later on in this stage.
>>
No. 410942 ID: 162511

Use the scissors, for all we know he may have a poison ability.
>>
No. 410943 ID: f7ae22

The doublesnake is outnumbered and knows he can take out the Swordswoman later in a non-duel because she is injured already. He is using the red glove because he needs to even up the odds, not because he's confident in his chances. Take the duel, save the Swordswoman's life.
>>
No. 410947 ID: 5029d1

duel
>>
No. 410951 ID: b9e291

Rape him.
>>
No. 410953 ID: 34b761

>>410929
going to vote for this
>>
No. 410954 ID: 71d68e

Let's look at the scenarios.

The snake has 1 to 5 total body/armor. Not very likely. It takes one hit to kill them. 5-10 total, two hits. 10+, three hits.

The snake has 9 weapon, they can one-shot us. Not very likely. 4-8, they two-shots us. 3, they three-shots us. 2, we win, period.

Looking at those numbers, I believe the most likely outcome is mutual kill. The main risk is if the snake has more than 10 total armor+life. However, if the snake's challenging us to a duel, they definitely have a reason.

Also note that the swordswoman was the only one who tried to absorb. Thus, she is likely the only one with absorb. That will affect the snake's numbers, and I believe the most likely scenario then is the mutual kill.
>>
No. 410968 ID: 71d68e

Although: also consider the possibility of a funky ability in use here. The snake might be counting on that.

In the end, I'm going to vote for using the scissors. I don't think a mutual kill (most likely scenario as I see it unless some funky ability comes into play) is worth using up the precious extra life we have.
>>
No. 410971 ID: 886a4d

The most liekly scenario is we kill each other. Which means he probably has an extra life as well.
>>
No. 410980 ID: bdb3f8

doublesnake is getting desperate in the face of potentially having everyone here against him. He probably doesn't know if he can win or not.
>>
No. 411005 ID: e3aff6

I agree mutual kill is most likely. If shield and us both attack we have a better chance of offing him with no death, so we should use the scissors.
>>
No. 411075 ID: c811c4
File 133688927430.png - (10.12KB , 700x700 , s3-10(3).png )
411075

Alison uses glove scissors!
>>
No. 411076 ID: c811c4
File 133688930366.png - (24.87KB , 950x950 , s3-11.png )
411076

The Doublesnake jumps away from Alison's approaching group.
>>
No. 411078 ID: 886a4d

North east. Head for the exit.
>>
No. 411079 ID: 5029d1

up
>>
No. 411081 ID: 886a4d

Glove scissors are re-usable?
>>
No. 411082 ID: 09e5bf

up-right.
>>
No. 411083 ID: f70e5e

move north, then north east. we can just make a beline for the door. we should move north first because moving northeast first puts us at risk of being stuck between double snake and the possibly hostile slime.
>>
No. 411086 ID: 369d34

Move north. Tell Slime he's welcome to join your group on the way out.
>>
No. 411088 ID: c811c4
File 133689103409.png - (25.10KB , 950x950 , s3-12.png )
411088

>Go up

Status display updated; glove scissors are not re-useable.

The snake says something to the goat, and the Doublesnake leaps upward. The Goat does not follow, and the Doublesnake curses at the Goat.

Alison tells the Slime he is welcome to join her, but he joins Doublesnake.
>>
No. 411089 ID: 5029d1

move two west onto the block. then everyone push it east.
>>
No. 411090 ID: 886a4d

North-West we can't let the snake win, lets head to the blocks
>>
No. 411091 ID: 886a4d

My suggestion is to split up to tackle both rows of blocks at once. We'll have to push both rows at two speed to avoid damage but it should work as long as we follow right behind them.
>>
No. 411097 ID: c811c4
File 133689172885.png - (25.16KB , 950x950 , s3-14.png )
411097

>Go to the blocks

Shield offers to split up to take the bottom row, as Doublesnake yells at the goat to come to him.

Who should push at what speeds?
>>
No. 411101 ID: 886a4d

We should push it four and shield pushes it at two. Move left afterwords to push the other blocks.
>>
No. 411103 ID: 5029d1

both go two.
>>
No. 411106 ID: c811c4
File 133689280554.png - (29.20KB , 950x950 , s3-15.png )
411106

Alison and Swordswoman push the block at 4 speed, and collide with the Doublesnake and Slime for 4 damage each!
>>
No. 411109 ID: 886a4d

Move left push blocks at 4 speed and two again
>>
No. 411110 ID: 886a4d

That worked better then I expected.
>>
No. 411115 ID: c811c4
File 133689342624.png - (27.26KB , 950x950 , s3-16.png )
411115

>Repeat

Slime and Doublesnake take 1 fire damage!
>>
No. 411116 ID: c811c4
File 133689343231.png - (29.59KB , 950x950 , s3-17.png )
411116

Slime and Doublesnake take 2 fire damage!
Slime is slain, Alison and Doublesnake use absorb, Alison wins and gains 58 CU!

>>
No. 411117 ID: 886a4d

Follow those blocks. Meet Shield by heading south-east and him heading east.
>>
No. 411119 ID: 886a4d

Call to Goat that Snake is very weak now.
>>
No. 411120 ID: e3aff6

While moving towards the door, we should keep to the second row from the top, so we have somewhere to go if he starts pushing them.
>>
No. 411122 ID: 886a4d

Slime must have been really behind, he only had ~190 CU
>>
No. 411123 ID: 369d34

Ask Goat to move west, then north-west to meet up with your group.

Alison and Swordwoman move south-east, Shield moves east, then all three move south-east.
>>
No. 411124 ID: 886a4d

I think Goat can handle Snake himself. Snake just took 7 damage. and he he'll only have regened twice by the time Goat reaches him.
>>
No. 411127 ID: 886a4d

East, then south-east... lets see what happens.
>>
No. 411128 ID: c811c4
File 133689438877.png - (27.41KB , 950x950 , s3-18.png )
411128

Alison tells the Goat that the snake is weak, and the Goat, who can speak afterall, says it knows.
>>
No. 411129 ID: c811c4
File 133689440057.png - (26.84KB , 950x950 , s3-19.png )
411129

The Goat manages to intercept!

Double S. attacks Goat, Goat attacks Double S.! Double Snake is slain! Alison uses absorb and gains 69 CU!

Shield would like to know if he and the Swordswoman are going to see any CU from their assistance.
>>
No. 411130 ID: 5029d1

"that's how it works with me, but after a thief stole some i'm not pulling any out until we are in a transition where it's safe"
>>
No. 411131 ID: 09e5bf

Set aside 100 for Range Rank 1. Give them all of the rest.
>>
No. 411134 ID: 886a4d

Say yes, you'll give them some CU for their help. Since Swordswoman already absorbed someone she'll get 15, and you'll give Shield 30. Goat gets nothing. That'll leave us with enough to get weapon range and 2-3 stat increases. Give it to them now.

Then proceed to the exit. Wait for Goat. Lets proceed all together.
>>
No. 411135 ID: 886a4d

>>411131
Are you mad? We need every CU possible if we're going to face Mongrel and Chief.
>>
No. 411136 ID: 09e5bf

>>411135
fair enough, but at least give some to Goat. He directly attacked snake, risking himself directly.
>>
No. 411137 ID: 886a4d

He did it for himself, to get three keys. He risked nothing but some temptorary damage and didn't listen to anything we said.
>>
No. 411141 ID: 886a4d

Wonder how come we aren't seeing enemy damage rates anymore when people kill each other.
>>
No. 411142 ID: 6ec323

As long as we are in a safe room I don't see any reason to not, advance towards the exit. Once everyone's inside give the Shield and the Swordwoman 35 each.
>>
No. 411145 ID: 369d34

Shouldn't Alison have 204 CU, not 215?
>>
No. 411146 ID: 886a4d

You guys are far more generous then I hah, I think we need every CU possible for the exit stage coming up since we're facing 4 very strong foes.
>>
No. 411147 ID: 369d34

Alison absorbed 198 CU total. Give Swordswoman and Shield 25 each, and say you'll add more to that to make up for any loss they have from splitting the exit CU, after they exit. See what Goat does before giving him any; He might be hostile.
>>
No. 411154 ID: 886a4d

Of those that died the three of us were directly responsible for exactly one person. Slime. We should split that guy 3 way (20 each). Everyone else we got b/c we spent the money on absorb. As for Goat hes made it abundantly clear hes not on our side.

If he had listened to us even once then that would change but he only killed Snake because it was convenient. He even let Snake occupy the same square earlier as him if you guys recall. Hes not an ally yet. At best hes neutral.
>>
No. 411158 ID: b9e291

I would share some as a gesture of good faith, but as few as possible. Not on the grounds that you want to survive more than them (we want everyone to survive!) but on the grounds that if some objects must be eliminated, having one person with the most CU will end up with that group having an advantage in the end game. You're basically asking them to put their trust in you.
>>
No. 411162 ID: bdb3f8

I am inclined to reward people for helping us, not for being directly responsible for the death of others. We absorbed 71 while shield was helping us and swordwoman was doing her own thing, absorbing someone else, shield should get a cut of that.
We absorbed 58 and 69 after swordwoman started working with us, so both of them should get a cut of those. So like 50 for shield and 30 for sword. (being greedy now will not keep them on our side in the future)

If goat doesn't do anything overtly hostile in the meantime, I would suggest giving him like 10 cp too, as a show of good faith.
>>
No. 411167 ID: c811c4
File 133690199027.png - (25.18KB , 950x950 , s3-24.png )
411167

For a second, Alison could have sworn she had 215 CU, but she only has 204. Must be more glitches.

They approach the exit and put in some keys, while the Goat approaches, but stays silent and distant.
>>
No. 411168 ID: c811c4
File 133690200113.png - (19.13KB , 700x700 , s3-25.png )
411168

Alison heads through the door, and ends up on a platform. The sign says that the lever here will close the door behind them, but as Goat already has three keys, it would do nothing but delay him a turn.

Alison gives Shield 35 CU and Swordswoman 30 CU.

Alison can continue on, or wait for Goat.
>>
No. 411171 ID: 5d00f4

>>411168
Eh, no need to wait as far as I'm aware. Continuing on should be fine. If there's some significant chance of goat dying, though, because you continued on, then wait.
>>
No. 411175 ID: 9cd02a

Ask your companions how they feel about waiting and/or joining forces with the goat.
>>
No. 411182 ID: c811c4
File 133690551708.png - (20.60KB , 700x700 , s3-26.png )
411182

Alison jumps ahead, along with the others. Even though she lept at the same time, her light trail is seperating her from the Swordswoman and Shield, leaving her alone. She may spend points as well as choose her outfit for the rest of this stage. Normally this will be decided at the beginning of the stage.

Body Rank 5: +1 HP -- 25 CU
-- Rank 6: +1 HP -- 29 CU (54 CU total cost)
-- Rank 7: +1 HP -- 30 CU (84 CU total cost)
-- Rank 8: +1 HP -- 33 CU (117 CU total cost)
-- Rank 9: +1 HP -- 35 CU (152 CU total cost)
-- Rank 10: +1 HP -- 37 CU (189 CU total cost)
-- Rank 11: +1 HP -- 39 CU (228 CU total cost)


Armor Rank 6: +1 armor -- 32 CU
-- Rank 7: +1 Attack -- 40 CU (72 CU total cost)
-- Rank 8: +1 Attack -- 49 CU (121 CU total cost)

Weapon Rank 6: +1 Attack -- 24 CU
-- Rank 7: +1 Attack -- 31 CU (55 CU total cost)
-- Rank 8: +1 Attack -- 43 CU (98 CU total cost)
-- Rank 9: +1 Attack -- 55 CU (153 CU total cost)
-- Rank 10: +1 Attack, new form -- 71 CU (224 CU total cost)


Absorption Rank 4 -- 91 CU


Range Rank 1 -- 100 CU
>>
No. 411183 ID: 410a04

Unless we where saving up for something that I'm to lazy to remember, lets get a rank in range. And I like your old costume B more.
>>
No. 411184 ID: 6ec323

Purchase a Weapon Range upgrade and a Damage Upgrade, I don't really see much point in changing costume now, if it is just for display...
>>
No. 411187 ID: 886a4d

Range and Weapon. Wish we hadn't given so much away, oh well.
>>
No. 411188 ID: 71d68e

>>411184
Voting for this expenditure plan. No opinions regarding outfit - either one's good with me.
>>
No. 411193 ID: bbee3d

I think it's worth the CU to have two more people who might not try to kill us later. Allies are important in this game.

I'd vote to get a rank each in Range and Body. Either outfit is good.
>>
No. 411194 ID: b0d466

Range and body, outfit B
>>
No. 411199 ID: 4bdd79

>>411194
This.
>>
No. 411206 ID: 71d68e

The Weapon upgrade will allow us to better capitalize on our Range, letting us two-shot 12 armor+hp rather than the 10 we can two-shot right now. By contrast, a single Body upgrade won't change how many hits it take to two-shot us (we'd need two Body/Armor upgrades).
>>
No. 411220 ID: f70e5e

>>411187
this and outfit B
>>
No. 411224 ID: b85f8c

Range and Weapon.
>>
No. 411244 ID: c6ec33

Range/weapon.

Outfit B. It's a fiery stage, so it makes sense to wear less. Yes...

Also, people's point values just keep going up. We should probably try to raise our absorption next round... it will pay for itself super fast.
>>
No. 411251 ID: c811c4
File 133693369141.png - (23.91KB , 617x865 , s3(2)-1.png )
411251

Weapon Rank 6, Range Rank 1 gained!

Alison lands in another area, with both the Recluse and the Mongrel.

The sign reads the same as the puzzle that this was before, that the up arrow is top priority, and priority moves clockwise.

The sign also says that at least 2/3 of active participants must stand at the center of the stage to move on.
>>
No. 411252 ID: bdb3f8

welp, you don't have a movement line. Stand there and wave at people you know.
>>
No. 411253 ID: c811c4
File 133693437261.png - (24.11KB , 617x865 , s3(2)-2.png )
411253

Alison stands and waves, the two that do have movement lines jump forward, and now Alison may move if she likes, but may attack the Mongrel before the turn is up.
>>
No. 411254 ID: 61e7f9

Suggest everyone team up and kill Mongrel and then the three of them leave together.
>>
No. 411256 ID: b85f8c

Oh FUCK it's the Mongrel. He will try to kill everyone.

Suggest that everyone team up to kill him. Though considering that this is a moving platform puzzle it could be quite difficult to maneuver everyone to attack at once.

Also attack him. We can safely assume he is hostile. He probably has like, rank 10 in everything though.
>>
No. 411257 ID: 61e7f9

And yeah, range attack him.
>>
No. 411260 ID: f7ae22

Range attack Mongrel. Don't trust the Recluse to work with you, he has backstabbed people in the past in order to absorb them.
>>
No. 411261 ID: cd6e04

before you do anything hostile against him, get the fuck away from him.
>>
No. 411262 ID: 04b86a

Fuck, I wasn't expecting a boss battle.

Attack him, ask the Recluse what the Mongrel's stats are, and don't jump.
>>
No. 411264 ID: c811c4
File 133693612869.png - (16.21KB , 700x700 , s3(2)-2(2).png )
411264

>Suggest everyone team up against the Mongrel
Recluse shrugs, and the floating one says that he's under Chief orders to kill Alison.

>Attack Mongrel

Alison deals 6 damage to Mongrel!
>>
No. 411265 ID: c811c4
File 133693614653.png - (24.12KB , 617x865 , s3(2)-3.png )
411265

>Don't move

Alison asks Recluse what the Mongrel's stats are.
He answers with Rank 3 absorb, 9 body, 10 armor and 10 weapon.
>>
No. 411267 ID: a9298b

move up if the recluse is okay with it.
>>
No. 411270 ID: b85f8c

>>411265
Yeah that's what I figured. We have to keep attacking him if we have any chance of taking him out.

Okay, if we move up and the Recluse stays there, then if the Mongrel moves up, down, or not at all, we can hit him again. So let's do that.
>>
No. 411271 ID: 04b86a

You know, if we kill the floating one and then get to the center with Recluse there'll probably be a lever to drop the platforms.

Tell Recluse that if he wants to absorb you, he'll probably get a chance in the last area where several of Chief's people will be trying to kill you.
>>
No. 411273 ID: b85f8c

>>411271
Hey you're right. The last moving platform stage had a lever to drop all the platforms below, AND would let us absorb anyone we dropped.

If we kill Floater then get to the middle, we don't even have to try to whittle down Mongrel.
>>
No. 411275 ID: c811c4
File 133693850467.png - (24.01KB , 617x865 , s3(2)-4.png )
411275

>Ask if Recluse would allow Alison to join him. If he intends on absorbing her, he'll have a chance with all of Chief's people after her.
He says it's fine.

She ends up with the Recluse, and Alison deals 6 damage to the Mongrel.

He swears all sorts of vivid threats.
>>
No. 411278 ID: 04b86a

>and Alison deals 6 damage to the Mongrel.
>He swears all sorts of vivid threats.
Muahahahahahahahahaha!

That also brings Mongrel down to 8 Hp and 0 Armor.

Move left.
>>
No. 411280 ID: b9e291

Why does it feel like we're not going to the finish line, but the incinerator? ;_;
>>
No. 411282 ID: cd6e04

>>411280

because you played Portal and it was awesome enough to imprint itself into your subconscious.

hit him one more time and he won't be able to attack you without dying.
>>
No. 411283 ID: 04b86a

>>411280
You will be baked, and then there will be cake.
>>
No. 411284 ID: b85f8c

>>411275
Pretty sure moving left is the right thing to do here. I predict Floater will be within attacking range at that point. We can probably two-hit him.

This is an extremely good stage to have Ranged Attack on. ...considering how difficult it is to get to the middle with this layout, I think we will wind up eliminating both of our enemies before we exit.
>>
No. 411288 ID: c811c4
File 133693998660.png - (24.65KB , 617x865 , s3(2)-4(2).png )
411288

Shopkeep materializes in, saying whoops. Alison and Recluse were sharing a tile, so that should have moved twice. It wouldn't have made a difference, so no change will be made this turn, but from now on shared tiles will move multiple times.

Also, Alison reads the sign, and it specifies that at least 2/3 of active participants must be in the center stage tile at the end of a turn, therefore it requires planning to jump on a tile that ends in the center.
>>
No. 411289 ID: c811c4
File 133693999915.png - (24.12KB , 617x865 , s3(2)-5.png )
411289

Jump phase.
>>
No. 411290 ID: c811c4
File 133694001237.png - (23.89KB , 617x865 , s3(2)-5(2).png )
411290

Tile movement done.
>>
No. 411291 ID: e75a2f

Gotta keep on mongrel so his armor does not regenerate.
>>
No. 411292 ID: b85f8c

>>411290
I think we should split up for a turn. Ask Recluse to stay put. We will go right.

It's actually really easy to avoid melee combat here, because you can move in at least 3 directions so long as you're not in a corner. We should draw this out and pelt our enemies while Recluse just avoids everyone, or prepares the board so that someone can enter the center.
>>
No. 411297 ID: 886a4d

Recluse is probably going to gank our absorb targets as he probably has a great deal more then us.
>>
No. 411299 ID: 886a4d

If we both go right we'll end up near mongrel again. Luck of the draw really if we're close enough though.
>>
No. 411300 ID: 369d34

If they both jump to the right, and Floater stays put, Alison will can range attack him. I say both of them jump right.

>>411299
It doesn't look like Mongrel has a way to get over to us, or Floater, in the next turn. We both go right, and it'll loop us around into the lower right corner.
>>
No. 411302 ID: 886a4d

Mmm your right, we'd end up on the blank platform. How about we move up one, that'd move us one above the center. If we're lucky Mongrel will be in range again and we'll do another 4 damage to his health. (he'd have regened twice by then.) We need to see one dead in order to both of us move up.
>>
No. 411303 ID: 369d34

>>411302
Notice there's two arrows on that platform. It would carry both of us one spot south-west of where Mongrel is, then two more spots south-west, to stop just one south of our current location. Also, we don't get to attack during the platform movement phase.
>>
No. 411304 ID: 886a4d

Mmm, I admit I am a bit confused over how priority effects that. So priority effects the order, not overriding a movement. Got it.
>>
No. 411305 ID: c811c4
File 133694380450.png - (24.14KB , 617x865 , s3(2)-6.png )
411305

>Move right
>>
No. 411306 ID: c811c4
File 133694381314.png - (24.54KB , 617x865 , s3(2)-6(2).png )
411306

Platforms moved.
>>
No. 411307 ID: 886a4d

Stay still.
>>
No. 411310 ID: 04b86a

Go up.
>>
No. 411312 ID: b85f8c

>>411310
I agree.
>>
No. 411319 ID: 886a4d

If the Floater goes right and we go up we'll be on the oppisite side of everyone else again.
>>
No. 411321 ID: 04b86a

>>411319
If Floater goes right and we go up, then we'll be in range to attack him. Weapon Range was made for stages like this. Which makes me really glad Mongrel doesn't have it.
>>
No. 411325 ID: b85f8c

>>411319
The stage doesn't wrap only horizontally and vertically. It wraps in whatever direction the arrow points. For instance, if someone were to step on the bottom-left tile, it would not go anywhere, because that diagonal line has only one tile in it.
>>
No. 411331 ID: 5e3d1a

OK move up. That's most likely to bring enemies within diagonal range.
>>
No. 411333 ID: c811c4
File 133694618496.png - (24.72KB , 617x865 , s3(2)-7.png )
411333

>Move up
>>
No. 411334 ID: c811c4
File 133694619215.png - (9.46KB , 700x700 , s3(2)-7(2).png )
411334

Alison deals 6 damage to Floater!

Recluse makes a note to get Range.
>>
No. 411335 ID: 886a4d

Move right.
>>
No. 411336 ID: 04b86a

Hey! If we don't move, we can attack Floater again.
>>
No. 411338 ID: 886a4d

Hmm actually I'm going to agree with you, stay still.
>>
No. 411340 ID: b85f8c

>>411334
Now stay put.
>>
No. 411341 ID: 886a4d

Ask recluse if hes willing to split the absorbees. You want Mongrel.
>>
No. 411343 ID: b85f8c

>>411341
Actually we just want CU. We could let Recluse absorb everyone he wants so long as we get CU out of it.
>>
No. 411344 ID: 886a4d

Good point. If he doesn't want to let you absorb anyone go this route.
>>
No. 411345 ID: 369d34

Mongrel's getting uncomfortably close. Stay put, and let Floater possibly face his wrath.

Ask Recluse if he'd be willing to share a bit of the CU from this.
>>
No. 411346 ID: c811c4
File 133694679407.png - (24.21KB , 617x865 , s3(2)-8.png )
411346

Alison asks Recluse about absorbing. He says he will do all of that, but give Alison a share.

Mongrel tells Floater to jump up and join him. Floater does so. Who will Alison attack?
>>
No. 411347 ID: 886a4d

Floater, he should die this turn.
>>
No. 411348 ID: b85f8c

>>411347
I agree.
>>
No. 411349 ID: d9c7bf

>>411347
kill him
>>
No. 411351 ID: 886a4d

Ya move left after attacking Floater, that shold put us near Mongrel again.
>>
No. 411352 ID: 04b86a

>>411347
Agreed, kill Floater, then move left.
>>
No. 411353 ID: 369d34

Uh, there's a problem with attacking Floater. While it would likely take him down, that leaves Alison open to getting hit by Mongrel. Ranged attack takes her movement for the turn. If he targets Alison, even if Recluse defends, Alison is going to lose a life.
>>
No. 411354 ID: 5e3d1a

I would say go for Mongrel first or he will just absorb everything, he probably has the highest absorb here...

Tell Floater that Mongrel is just not going to let him live even if he takes out both you and Recluse. He's a warmachine. See if you can get him to backstab Mongrel.
>>
No. 411356 ID: 886a4d

Movement and attack are seperate actions.
>>
No. 411357 ID: 369d34

Mongrel and Floater will most likely jump south, so Alison and Recluse should jump west. That'll move the platforms such that Mongrel and Floater end up in the south-west corner, and Alison and Recluse in the south-east corner.
>>
No. 411358 ID: 886a4d

Mongrel has 3 absorb, the same as us, Recluse probably has the highest.
>>
No. 411359 ID: 369d34

>>411356
Well, in that case, attack Floater, then jump with Recluse to the west.
>>
No. 411362 ID: 04b86a

Ask Recluse if he'd rather move to the center once Floater's dead and see if there's a lever to drop the platforms, or personally kill Mongrel before going on in case there isn't a lever.

If he's fine with moving on and Floater dies from this attack, then I'm revising my earlier suggestion and voting to move right.
>>
No. 411368 ID: c811c4
File 133695035258.png - (13.08KB , 700x700 , s3(2)-8(2).png )
411368

Alison attacks Floater for 6 damage!
Mongrel attacks Floater for 10 damage!
Floater has been slain!

Mongrel and Recluse use absorb, Recluse wins with Rank 5. Recluse gains 122 CU!


Alison asks Recluse if he would like to go to the center and see if there is a lever at to drop Mongrel. Recluse thinks that is too risky.

Move west?
>>
No. 411369 ID: 886a4d

Move west.
>>
No. 411370 ID: 04b86a

>>411368
Well, it was worth a shot. West it is, then.
>>
No. 411371 ID: 61e7f9

Tell Recluse
"That is the kind of problem you won't have if you decide to join our group."
>>
No. 411373 ID: 04b86a

>>411371
He means it's "risky" in that he might not get to absorb Mongrel. Keep in mind that he was once called the Collector because he collects people's souls.
>>
No. 411376 ID: 886a4d

Recluse backstabs allies rather frequently. We have to be ready to run from him and play cat and mouse if he does it this turn.
>>
No. 411377 ID: c811c4
File 133695102721.png - (23.85KB , 617x865 , s3(2)-9.png )
411377

>Go west

Mongrel moves down, and she is in attack range!

Alison deals 6 damage to the Mongrel!

Mongrel curses Alison again, yet says she should be proud, making him waste his item.

The Mongrel uses a Red Glove on Alison!
>>
No. 411380 ID: b9e291

2/4
>>
No. 411382 ID: 886a4d

Extra Life time. Pity. I think Mongrel gets to absorb us automatically since we're outside of time. As we dissolve tell Recluse to jump mongrel now. I bet he has a high defence too.
>>
No. 411385 ID: c811c4
File 133695126973.png - (23.57KB , 700x700 , s3(2)-9(2).png )
411385

Alison has no glove scissors, and Recluse says he does not either, so Alison is dragged into a fight.

All health and armor temporarily filled.
Alison deals 6 damage to Mongrel!
Mongrel deals 10 damage to Alison! Alison is slain!

>>
No. 411386 ID: c811c4
File 133695129648.png - (10.96KB , 700x700 , s3(2)-9(3).png )
411386

Recluse absorbs Alison and gains 293 CU!
>>
No. 411387 ID: c811c4
File 133695131133.png - (24.35KB , 617x865 , s3(2)-9(4).png )
411387

Respawn now?
>>
No. 411388 ID: 886a4d

Wait until 1 dies and then go after the victor.
>>
No. 411389 ID: 61e7f9

JOIN THE FIGHT NOW.
>>
No. 411390 ID: e75a2f

Use the scissors now, they said. We don't know how strong the two-headed snake is, they said.

Anyway there is not really a point in staying dead unless Mongrel is a cock who has more than one red glove. Revive and go kick his ass.
>>
No. 411392 ID: 5029d1

he probably didn't think you still had your life
go back to shenaniganing him.
>>
No. 411393 ID: 369d34

Respawn immediately. If Recluse can't take down Mongrel, you two can still get away.
>>
No. 411394 ID: 369d34

What does it feel like to be absorbed and part of Recluse?
>>
No. 411396 ID: 04b86a

Hmm... Mongrel has Body 9, so he could potentially have two more red dueling gloves.

I say we respawn anyway.
>>
No. 411397 ID: c811c4
File 133695200644.png - (23.17KB , 617x865 , s3(2)-10.png )
411397

>What does it feel like to be absorbed and part of Recluse?
Like her mind is being carried, but she has a feeling she'll get used to it, and it can be ignored after awhile.

>Revive immediately

The Mongrel stays still as the Recluse jumps him.

Mongrel deals 10 damage to Recluse!
Recluse deals 12 damage to Mongrel! Mongrel is slain!


Recluse uses Absorb, gains 426 CU!
>>
No. 411398 ID: b0d466

Thank Recluse! Move forward
>>
No. 411399 ID: 886a4d

Join recluse. Point out that he doesn't need to kill you now since you are a part of him. Once with him ask for your CU. After recieving it ... backstab him.

If you don't kill him he will kill your entire group if he can. Just to absorb it.
>>
No. 411400 ID: b0d466

>>411399
This is a terrible idea! He would probably kill us anyway~!
>>
No. 411401 ID: 61e7f9

"Well....... I suppose we should leave now. Thanks for killing him at least."
>>
No. 411402 ID: b85f8c

>>411397
Be like "Holy shit dude." and ask him if he's still willing to enter the next stage together, without killing us again.

Also go up I guess.
>>
No. 411404 ID: 04b86a

>>411397
...Now I wish we would have asked for his stats earlier. If we'd known he could do that, we could have avoided that duel.
>>
No. 411405 ID: 4bdd79

>>411397
holy shit
why didn't he say that he had such a high attack
>>
No. 411406 ID: 410a04

We should make haste, Mongrel could have another life. Ask Recluse to split the CU.
>>
No. 411407 ID: f7ae22

>>411404
Recluse likely wanted it to go down like this. We know he desires to absorb everyone he can, including allies. He even backstabbed his own allies to absorb them according to people in an earlier safe zone.
Recluse is in this for the long haul, and intends to save as many as he can. His method is just different than ours. I don't think he is likely to kill us again, but you do not want to assume he will not kill your allies if the opportunity presents itself.

Ask him if he has absorbed anyone in your group before, and work towards the center with him.
>>
No. 411408 ID: b85f8c

>"Outside of the casino, there's the Collector, now known as the Recluse. They say he's obsessed with absorbing everyone, friend and foe alike, to the point that he has backstabbed allies just to absorb them. Even if he doesn't do it for the CU, the point is that he's raked in a massive amount of it. A high level in absorption is expected."

This guy is serious business. He's absorbed us already though, so he probably won't kill us again. The only point in doing that would be to get more CU, and he doesn't really want that.

Ask him if he has any idea what happened to the people that Mongrel absorbed, now that he is dead. Can Mongrel sleep in Recluse's dream to allow them to live, as well?
>>
No. 411409 ID: 8cb29e

yeah, we should probably just makes sure he's willing to work together and escape. we could potentially kill him by abusing our weapon range - we probably won't get a better chance to later on, actually - but we don't know what sort of item he's holding. losing that extra life means we should be taking as few chances as possible, even if our odds are relatively good.
>>
No. 411410 ID: 369d34

Move north, and call out to Recluse to meet you in the middle to leave.

>>411399
People who respawn using an extra life won't show up in the dream, I think. Recluse could still backstab us, but I doubt he will right now.
>>
No. 411411 ID: 886a4d

>>411400


We can use our long range and the fact that if he doesn't declare attacking that turn he can't attack. If we attack the same turn we get the CU he'll have no way to retaliate. And as long as we reach him within 4 turns we'll be able to kill him in one hit. If not we just move out of range and hit and run him.

I'm afraid we have to kill him no matter what, if not now ... later. None of our group has a 1-up now.

Anyway move up.
>>
No. 411413 ID: 369d34

The extra life counter is still on the status display. Shouldn't that have gone away?
>>
No. 411416 ID: cd6e04

be scared. don't fuck with him.
>>
No. 411417 ID: 04b86a

Okay, I have a movement plan. He moves left,left,up,up,up,up. We move up,stay,down,stay,down,up. That should get us both to the center.
>>
No. 411421 ID: 369d34

Remember that Recluse made a note to get ranged attack. With all the CU he's stacking up, and ranged attack, he'll be unstoppable very soon. Alison will have no better time than now to take him down. The danger is if he has a red glove, and doesn't go down in one hit, Alison is toast.
>>
No. 411422 ID: b85f8c

Also ask what happens if someone gets absorbed by more than one person? Whose dream do they go to?
>>
No. 411423 ID: 04b86a

>>411417
Wait, no, that'll make us skip over the center on the last move. I need some time to think about this.
>>
No. 411424 ID: 886a4d

>>411417
Meh, he'll have recovered all his armor by then.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to get us to meet up sooner. Someone with a bit of puzzle solving skill should take a crack at it.
>>
No. 411425 ID: 886a4d

We have to take the chance. Otherwise Iso, Math, Engineer... everyone is at risk. Plus all the people we absorbed will dissapear for good too.
>>
No. 411426 ID: 410a04

>>411411
Next to chief, Recluse is practically an ally. We'll probably need each other for the next rounds. Its a good opportunity to get rid of a threat, but we need to play our cards more carefully.
>>
No. 411427 ID: 369d34

If we go through with the dubious plan of ranged attacking Recluse, tell him you want to get on the same platform as soon as possible. He should jump west, wait a turn, then jump west. Meanwhile, we'll wait two turns, then ranged attack him to the north-east, and jump north. This plan would also work if we don't want to attack him; Just drop the attacking part.
>>
No. 411429 ID: 04b86a

>>411417
>>411423
Okay, I think I've got it.
For him: left,left,up,up,left,stay,left.
For us: up,left,stay,stay,stay,stay,left.

Of course, if we'd rather try to kill Recluse to protect our friends, I don't have anything against it other than our wasting time here when our friends could be dying in the final area of the stage.
>>
No. 411430 ID: 886a4d

We wait, move up, move down. He moves up, down, right. That should get us in the lower left platform.
>>
No. 411432 ID: 61e7f9

I'm near certain he has range 1 and just hasn't told us. We'd be killed if we attacked him. Even at range.
>>
No. 411435 ID: 886a4d

Recluse gained 800 CU this round. If you think hes going to spare our friends think again.
>>
No. 411439 ID: 5029d1

okay jump. and let's get this stage movin.
>>
No. 411440 ID: c811c4
File 133695649826.png - (23.61KB , 617x865 , s3(2)-16.png )
411440

>For him: left,left,up,up,left,stay,left.
>For us: up,left,stay,stay,stay,stay,left.

Alison does this, and in 6 turns, the Recluse and Alison are together and can jump to the center tile.. She points out that he does not need to absorb her twice.

He says that twice doesn't hurt, but he is also fair. She will get a share, because he trusts Alison to not backstab him.

She knows that if she is going to backstab him, now may be as good a time as any. On the other hand, he hasn't split the CU as of yet.

He says he will answer her questions after they are past this stage.
>>
No. 411443 ID: b0d466

Don't backstab him, he will cut you down.

If he could not kill/absorb your friends that would be great though~
>>
No. 411444 ID: 886a4d

Both jump left, ask for the CU there in case we get split up again. Then jump out of the puzzle. We'll have to kill him later. I wish we took a short route so we would have at least have had a chance.
>>
No. 411445 ID: b9e291

We won't have to kill him because we just found our tank. When it comes down to Alison and Recluse, give him all your CU then self terminate, after he promises to absorb you. Then he can win the game.

...absorb is recursive, right
>>
No. 411450 ID: 369d34

Too late to backstab him now; You'd get slaughtered. Keep on his good side, and ask if he'll join up with your group, or at least aid them until the end. Make the case that with him on your side, he can save them without absorbing them.

Both of you jump to the left, exchange CU and questions and answers, just in case you get separated, then leave the level.

Request that he doesn't attack your friends to absorb them, or at least holds off on it. You know he wants to absorb as many as he can, but you don't want him to force it on your comrades.

Ask him what he hopes to achieve by absorbing so many. Is it so that the absorbed can form a new world in his dream? Is that the "freedom" he spoke of?

Say that since he absorbed a part of you, that perhaps our dreams will be linked the next time we sleep. Plan to do so at the same time in the next Safe Zone.
>>
No. 411451 ID: c811c4
File 133695757652.png - (23.80KB , 617x865 , s3(2)-17.png )
411451

>Jump

She goes according to plan, and she asks of him not to absorb her friends. He doesn't promise it, but he also doesn't care to earn Alison's ire.

Alison says his stats are exceedingly high, but he handwaves it off. It doesn't do any good if he has no range with the way this stage was set up, but Alison shouldn't be surprised to run into people with such stats, he explains. If his calculations are correct, admittedly not with the best memory or mathematics, then if this is hypothetically the last stage, there have been about 400,000 contenders so far. It isn't a surprise that with things like absorption, there would be a few people that got a massive lead over most others.

>Ask for CU share
Recluse gives Alison 420 CU.
>>
No. 411460 ID: c811c4
File 133695785165.png - (14.48KB , 700x700 , s3(2)-18.png )
411460

>Absorb is recursive, right?
Wrong, Recluse says. He is hoping that there is a hidden bonus to change this, whether or not he absorbed Alison while she has no lives left, he would not gain any of her absorptions.

>What happens if 2 people absorb the same person? Which dream do they go to?
Both, he says. It can be jarring for the absorbed, but he hasn't experienced it himself.

There are two chests here, for Alison and Recluse. Alison may choose between 3 different absorption boons.

>What does he hope to gain by absorbing so many?
He doesn't believe that the only point in having people exist beyond absorption is simply to have chats. He thinks they can be saved in the end, so he is trying to save as many as he can, his way of bypassing the low exit numbers for each stage.

Ghost Form:The user may bring their absorbed persons out. During stages, they will simply hover over the user and only be able to speak. In safe zones, they will be able to behave normally as though resurrected. Available at Absorption Rank 4 if chosen.

Ability gain: The absorber will gain access to any special ability that the absorbed target has at least Rank 1 in. This can only be done at the time of absorption, and can only choose one special ability. Available at Absorption Rank 7 if chosen.

Resurrection: For the cost of the target's CU, she may resurrect anyone that she has absorbed at the start of any turn, or anytime within a safe zone. Will be available at Absorption Rank 10 if chosen.
>>
No. 411463 ID: b0d466

RESURRECTION
>>
No. 411464 ID: 886a4d

I'm going to go with Ability Gain, we can wait to buy the rest hopefully. And if not this one has the most use in battle.
>>
No. 411465 ID: 04b86a

Rank 11+ Absorption + Resurrection = Infinite CU!
>>
No. 411466 ID: 61e7f9

Ask what Recluse got offered from the chest. If he was offered the same stuff get resurrection. We may never have lvl 10 absorb but if we do then we can bring people back.
>>
No. 411467 ID: b9e291

>>411460

DANG IT

Resurrection... sounds great in principle, but unless we wait until the very end to use it we'll effectively be bringing under-prepared characters back in the game while everyone else is at level 10. The others aren't that great either though, meh. Wait, if we resurrect someone who absorbed others, will that return them to the post-absorption dream state?
>>
No. 411468 ID: 886a4d

Resurrection is a ways off. We need to get probably 1000 more CU to get level 10 if the levels keep growing. I'm hoping both the none-battle used boons will be available in shops.
>>
No. 411469 ID: b9e291

>>411465

110% absorption I think the devs would have anticipated that. xD It probably maxes out at 10.
>>
No. 411470 ID: b85f8c

>>411460
If Recluse can pick Resurrection we should give him ALL OUR CU so he can work towards it.

It is the best long-term plan possible.

We should pick Ability Gain, just for the added survivability.
>>
No. 411471 ID: 886a4d

After picking our ability lets wait behind for 3 turns while recluse moves on. If someone else comes on the stage we can dump them.
>>
No. 411472 ID: 61e7f9

Pull the lever. If mongrel has a second life he is on his way here. Wouldn't hurt to pull it.
>>
No. 411473 ID: 5029d1

ability absorb
>>
No. 411474 ID: 369d34

Ask Recluse what he found in his chest, and share what you found. Confer over what to choose.

Resurrection is outwardly tempting, but Alison would have to get to absorption rank 10 to actually use it, and have the CU to bring them back, and to bring them up to level. Otherwise they'll get killed easily in the levels. I'm leaning towards the ability gain boon, but lets see what Recluse got in his chest first.

Tell Recluse that if he helps your group, he'd be able to save more people without resorting to absorbing them.
>>
No. 411476 ID: 886a4d

Ask recluse wht happens to the ghosts within those he absorbs after they die. In her dream she couldn't find any that died to those absorbers.
>>
No. 411479 ID: f7ae22

>>411470
Recluse's plan would go against wasting CU on resurrections. I doubt we will get any other easy chance to get Resurrection, so I would say go for that even though we won't be able to use it for quite a while.
>>
No. 411490 ID: b85f8c

>>411476
>"Absorb is recursive, right?"
>Wrong, Recluse says. He is hoping that there is a hidden bonus to change this, whether or not he absorbed Alison while she has no lives left, he would not gain any of her absorptions.
>>
No. 411493 ID: c811c4
File 133696163807.png - (8.65KB , 700x700 , s3(2)-18(2).png )
411493

>What happens to the ghosts that were absorbed by people that die and get absorbed?
He says probably the same thing to the people who die without getting absorbed at all. He doesn't know.

>Ask what Recluse has in his chest
He says he has a choice between 60 CU, double jump access, or a knockback boon. He will probably get double jump.
>>
No. 411496 ID: b85f8c

Ask him if he wants to swap chests, if possible. Yours has a bunch of Absorption boons.
>>
No. 411497 ID: 886a4d

Nod, advise he gets knockback as it will go great with weapon range if he still plans on getting it. Double jump is after all offered in the store. Ask his advice on your boons.
>>
No. 411498 ID: 61e7f9

"There are 3 absorb perks in this one, including the ability to ressurrect someone for their total CU cost at absorb level 10. That's what you are after, right? I'd much rather get knockback than one of these. So swap chests?"
>>
No. 411499 ID: 886a4d

NO! We want ability absorb. It will allow us to get knockback, disarm and scan!
>>
No. 411500 ID: 0ef96e

We really should swap chests with him, at a higher level he would get more use out of them than us.
>>
No. 411501 ID: e75a2f

Tell him specifically that you have the potion to get a Ressurection boon that will allow you to bring people back to life by paying how much CU they had, available at rank 10 absorption.

You may be able to get the recluse's help in funding this endeavor. Also other stage people will begin to look very favorably upon you if they know you can feasibly bring them back to life.

With this you could make tons of cash reviving people for others by the way.
>>
No. 411502 ID: 369d34

The knockback boon is not the knockback ability, nor an access to that ability line; It's an add-on to knockback.
>>
No. 411504 ID: 886a4d

Oh, missed that, ask what the boon does.
>>
No. 411505 ID: 61e7f9

>>411498
"Things like this are why I like to work as a team rather than alone. I'd like us to stick together. Please don't kill any of my friends and when we get back to the safe zone I have a proposition I think you'd really like. Short version is you get dibs on any absorbs and split the CU with the party. We can work out the details when we get a break."
>>
No. 411506 ID: 369d34

...Chest full of ability boons... I think we got Recluse's chest by mistake.

Tell Recluse what you found in your chest, and ask him which one he would have taken. Don't actually give it to him. At least, not right away. This is to figure out if he would have taken resurrection or not.
>>
No. 411508 ID: 886a4d

I doubt he'd take resurrection, remember hes been backstabbing allies.
>>
No. 411509 ID: b0d466

He's been backstabbing allies probably to make sure he keeps them! Tell him about the ability boons, he'll probably be interested.
>>
No. 411510 ID: 410a04

Let him know about resurrection, and if you two cant swap chests, then you should take it yourself. It might be a bit pie in the sky, but that is our best bet at getting more out alive. And with the ability to bring the dead back, we surely will be able to win over more allies. This probably includes Recluse, the super emo tank.
>>
No. 411511 ID: 886a4d

You do realize that these boons could be one time only? No backsies. We NEED boons for our absorb as its our strongest stat right now. Trading it would be foolish.
>>
No. 411514 ID: b9e291

Holy crap epiphany. If both you and Recluse get to level 10 Absorb, and there is only 1 spot left to continue without dying, you spend the CU to resurrect your guy, who Recluse then absorbs, then gives you the CU he got. Repeat until all your guys have been absorbed by Recluse. Self terminate. Recluse gets all your CU. Everybody wins! Or uh... survives.

Yeah this is definitely pie-in-the-sky...
>>
No. 411516 ID: 886a4d

*sigh* Lagotrope finally gies us our first boons and everyone wants to trade them away.
>>
No. 411517 ID: 6f3646

Resurrection
>>
No. 411518 ID: 369d34

>>411514
This is it! Run that by Recluse, now!
>>
No. 411519 ID: 09e5bf

Take Ressurection
>>
No. 411522 ID: a6ab09

resurrection, so you can hug living people instead of dead people.
>>
No. 411526 ID: 886a4d

ability absorb, the pinacle of absorbtion and everyone instead goes for the costly, wasteful, far off resurrection which we won't be able to use for another 6 levels of absorbtion. I hope this isn't a mistake.
>>
No. 411527 ID: c811c4
File 133696572813.png - (14.24KB , 700x700 , s3(2)-18(3).png )
411527

Alison mentions that hers has a bunch of Absorption boons that he may want. He sighs, but says that given the icons of their faces on each chest, it is personalized and doubts that the chests will allow trading. Nonetheless, he is amazed she would even consider it.

Resurrection is mentioned, and he wonders if there is some decision making process behind who gets what chests, or if he was merely unlucky. When asked, he says he would have chosen the ability gain, but still hope he could get resurrection later just in case it comes in handy.

Alison does talk about how much easier it would be if he worked with a team, but he says if he really wants to help, she is welcome to sacrifice herself and whoever to his absorbing to greatly increase his chances. It isn't like groups can stick together for many parts of these stages anyways.

Alison gains access to Resurrection bonus.

>Pull lever

No one was below, as it turns out, and it didn't seem that anyone else was coming. Recluse is wanting to hurry as well, but he does doubt that we are bad on time. The last stage could have dragged on for an exceedingly long time.
>>
No. 411532 ID: 09e5bf

If we went pure attack, we could one shot most things, and two shot the rest. At range.

I say get 11 attack, 6 armor, and 4 absorption
>>
No. 411534 ID: 886a4d

Absorb 5, Weapon 8, Armor 8, Body 6
>>
No. 411535 ID: 886a4d

To this I say one thing... red gloves.
>>
No. 411536 ID: 369d34

Alison has 426 CU to spend.

Remember, for this next section, Recluse is going to want to absorb everyone. He may get upset if Alison outranks his absorb.
>>
No. 411537 ID: b9e291

Right now we can hit someone twice for a total of 12. 11 attack would give us a total of 22. Extra range would give us 12+6=18. Seems for now weapon's better than range.

Still, more ranks in Absorption wastes much less CU from the fallen, and takes us closer to that elusive resurrection we just took.

At least Absorption rank 5?
>>
No. 411538 ID: 886a4d

We have already proposed a work around, level 10 resurrection swapping. So he won't be too angy if we snatch some of his resurrections.
>>
No. 411539 ID: c811c4
File 133696644510.png - (15.35KB , 700x700 , s3(2)-19.png )
411539

Alison leaps to the next area with Recluse, and they are still together. He says that he expects Alison to wait for her teammates once again, and expects there will be a lot of death, and therefore available absorptions. Therefore, he won't have much interest in absorbing Alison's friends, as she would have no incentive to stay behind.

>If both get level 10, and only one spot is available to continue, Alison could resurrect everyone as Recluse absorbs them, then absorb Alison.

Again, he is amazed she would consider such a thing, but it sounds like that is possible.

Alison has 426 CU

Body Rank 5: +1 HP -- 25 CU
-- Rank 6: +1 HP -- 29 CU (54 CU total cost)
-- Rank 7: +1 HP -- 30 CU (84 CU total cost)
-- Rank 8: +1 HP -- 33 CU (117 CU total cost)
-- Rank 9: +1 HP -- 35 CU (152 CU total cost)
-- Rank 10: +1 HP -- 37 CU (189 CU total cost)
-- Rank 11: +1 HP -- 39 CU (228 CU total cost)
-- Rank 12: +1 HP -- 41 CU (269 CU total cost)

Armor Rank 6: +1 armor -- 32 CU
-- Rank 7: +1 Armor -- 40 CU (72 CU total cost)
-- Rank 8: +1 Armor -- 49 CU (121 CU total cost)
-- Rank 9: +1 Armor -- 59 CU (180 CU total cost)
-- Rank 10: +1 Armor, new form -- 70 CU (250 CU total cost)
-- Rank 11: +1 Armor -- 81 CU (331 CU total cost)

Weapon Rank 7: +1 Attack --31 CU
-- Rank 8: +1 Attack -- 43 CU (74 CU total cost)
-- Rank 9: +1 Attack -- 55 CU (129 CU total cost)
-- Rank 10: +1 Attack, new form -- 71 CU (200 CU total cost)
-- Rank 11: +1 Attack, new form -- 90 CU (290 CU total cost)
-- Rank 12: +1 Attack, new form -- 113 CU (403 CU total cost)

Absorption Rank 4 -- 91 CU
Absorption Rank 5 -- 117 CU(208 CU total cost)
Absorption Rank 6 -- 143 CU(351 CU total cost)

Range Rank 2 -- 300 CU

>>
No. 411540 ID: 09e5bf

>>411536
By the same vein, we just proposed a plan where the two of us can actually corroborate absorptions, and took the boon that opens this plan up to us.

I'd suggest giving him absorption priority if he wants, but it's possible for 2 people to die at once.
>>
No. 411541 ID: b85f8c

>>411539
If we're together, us having a higher absorb rank right now won't do a damn thing, unless two die at once. I say we should make sure nobody can red glove us to death again during the wait.

Body rank 5, Armor rank 10, Weapon rank 10.
>>
No. 411542 ID: 369d34

Recluse is undoubtedly choosing absorption upgrades. He was rank 5 this section, so he could be up to rank 7 in the next. If Alison chooses rank 6 absorption, she'd still be less.

Best to make an agreement with Recluse so he shares the CU from the next section instead of buying absorption ranks. Say, 40 or 50%.
>>
No. 411543 ID: 369d34

Red gloves are rolling around out there, and Alison is all out of extra lives and scissors.

Take rank 5 body, 10 armor, and 9 weapon.
>>
No. 411544 ID: 09e5bf

>>411541
If we're doing it for the red glove duels, wouldn't it be better to raise Body instead of Armor? Since those give you full health for the duel, and when you win, you pop back as you went into it. We could get more points of defense that way.
>>
No. 411549 ID: 886a4d

Err we still won't be able to take two hits with this. >>411541 If we do prioritize body / armor over absorb its better to try to get both as close as possible. This will let us survive two rank 8 hits.

Weapon 9
Armor 9
Body 8


I still say we need absorb 5 though. Kinda pointless to get the res boon and not put anything towards absorb.
>>
No. 411550 ID: 04b86a

>>411549
These stats look good.

The point right now is to be able to survive and kill. We can just use Recluse for most of the absorbing and use the CU he gives us from that to boost our own absorb later.
>>
No. 411551 ID: f7ae22

Go with Weapon 9, Armor 9, Body 8. Alison needs more straight up power since she has no extra lives or glove scissors to use.
>>
No. 411556 ID: 369d34

Dropping my vote for body 5, armor 10, weapon 9.

Choosing body 8, armor 9, weapon 9 instead.

However, if Alison's duel opponent has greater than 9 total body and armor, and a weapon rank greater than 8, we're going to lose on the second turn of the duel.
>>
No. 411561 ID: 886a4d

That's true no matter what stats we pick.
>>
No. 411563 ID: b0d466

Body has benefits other than just health, and it's fairly cheap, comparatively speaking

11 Body
8 Armor
8 Weapon
>>
No. 411564 ID: 09e5bf

>>411563
I like the whole, survive "2 power 9 attacks thing" you've got going.
>>
No. 411565 ID: 369d34

>>411563
Changing by vote from body 8, armor 9, weapon 9 to this.
>>
No. 411566 ID: e3aff6

>>411563
I like this one.
>>
No. 411569 ID: 886a4d

>>411563
Sure why not.
>>
No. 411570 ID: 04b86a

>>411563
Ditto, that looks great for duels.

We need to get Recluse's stat's, too.
>>
No. 411572 ID: 5c94e7

>>411539
I feel like the Recluse and Alison are becoming a proper God of Death/God of Life duo.
>>
No. 411574 ID: c811c4
File 133697293860.png - (29.27KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-20.png )
411574

Alison now has 11 body, 8 armor and 8 weapon.

Alison tries to talk to the Recluse about deal makings, but he simply says he will see how things go. He doesn't care to share all of his stats, either.

The sign says that tagging the blue person will teleport Alison to a safe zone, but she can stand on the same tile as Blue and not tag him if desired.

It appears that she is earlier than ever.
>>
No. 411577 ID: 886a4d

Actually, West. Me and directions.
>>
No. 411578 ID: 886a4d

I wouldn't be suprised if recluse got double jump and bought the first / second ranks. It would let him ambush people just as much as weapon range does.
>>
No. 411579 ID: 369d34

Clockwise, west, or left.

Call out to the goat-y looking girl and ask if she's a member of Chief's crew.
>>
No. 411580 ID: 61e7f9

"Hey, Blue guy. I need to tag you to leave this place but I'm waiting on some friends. Can I wait with you?"
>>
No. 411591 ID: 5029d1

"can't interact mid jump, can just go to your spot when you jump to it's"
>>
No. 411592 ID: c811c4
File 133697410606.png - (27.48KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-21.png )
411592

>Ask the goatgirl if she's a member of Chief's crew.
She says naw, and that she has a name. It's Clarence.

Alison speaks to the blue guy, but he doesn't answer. Clarence says he hasn't spoken back to her words either. She may be able to catch him now that there are two people to circle around.

Recluse, however, moves the other way.
>>
No. 411594 ID: b85f8c

>>411589
Tell her she may feel free to tag the blue guy, but we're going to wait on a friend or two.

I don't think we should start killing people or grouping up much until that counter gets low and Iso still hasn't shown up. Recluse will probably start killing on his own; let's make no effort to stop him.

If anyone objects, tell them that Recluse is absorbing people with the intent to resurrect them later, and we agree with that cause. We're simply doing it a little differently, with a more optimistic outlook on exits. Or maybe multiple people can tag at once? It depends on how the blue guy reacts.
>>
No. 411595 ID: 886a4d

Move west. She should stay still.
>>
No. 411600 ID: b9e291

Don't bother catching the blue guy right away. You'll end up underpowered for the next level. As long as 360 people have to be killed you might as well be there when they do. Besides, you need to absorb a ton of people to make up for you didn't purchase any levels in absorb what the hell???.

Point being don't help anyone catch the blue guy for a while. You can hold out until it gets at least to 30. Can someone scan the blue guy? If he doesn't have range you can totally snipe him for kicks.
>>
No. 411602 ID: 369d34

...Wait a second. Recluse must have scanned Blue. That's why he moved the other way. Ask Recluse if he'll share the scan info he got on Blue. Jump west.

Tell Clarence that you're waiting on your friends to exit together, and that she's welcome to wait with you, if she wants. Say you've got absorb and will share CU if she has to fight while waiting
>>
No. 411604 ID: 886a4d

People made silly choices earlier. We had a chance to get a boon that would allow us to absorb SKILL LINES! and they chose resurrection which is 7 levels off.
>>
No. 411605 ID: 886a4d

we're also not aiming to catch Blue yet, we're helping her exit.... we might as well.
>>
No. 411606 ID: b9e291

I guess now we can tank for Recluse. Kill guys that he then absorbs. Or whoever has the highest Absorb who's willing to work with you. We want anyone who doesn't get out to be absorbed, and we want anyone who doesn't work with us not to get out.

Announce to the blue dude that you're not leaving for a while and you'll stop people from tagging him if he's on the same tile as you.
>>
No. 411611 ID: 369d34

>>411604
Read the absorption ability gain text again >>411460. It says it grants access to the skill line, not the skill line and all the ranks the absorbed had in it.
>>
No. 411613 ID: 886a4d

At least ability absorb saves us money sicne we don't have to buy them from the shop, with resurrection we have to spend CU to use the ability. A great deal of CU for every use. Its a silly choice for such a low level character. By the time we can acually make use of it boons will be sold in the shop. With ability absorb we could have had it by next stage.
>>
No. 411614 ID: c811c4
File 133697573839.png - (28.07KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-22.png )
411614

Alison tells Clarence to stay still, and Blue moves to the corner. Alison also says that she is going to stay and wait for friends, to Clarence's remark of that's sweet.

>Recluce scanning Blue

He says Blue has 0 weapon, 99 body, 99 armor. Special abilities are Heal, Teleport, No-Absorb.

>Ask Clarence about teaming up to help fight, offer CU
Clarence says that is probably a good idea, and offers to help her at least for the end of this stage.
>>
No. 411616 ID: 886a4d

I wonder what killing Blue would do. Might be interesting to find out if we want to break the game. We'd need 10 people with level 10 weapons though and two turns.

Meet up with Clarice. We'll trap Blue though he is probably going to teleport. Give your name to Clarice and share stats as well.

Ask the newcomer if hes with the Chief and if hes not, is he willing to cooperate or just wants to pass on through.
>>
No. 411617 ID: e3f578

>>411614
Ask Blue to touch himself
No not in that way
>>
No. 411625 ID: 369d34

Jump up one, and stack with Clarence. Let's see how Blue reacts to that.

Ask Shaggy if he's part of Chief's gang. If he isn't, ask if he's willing to stack up with you while you wait for your friends, or just wants to pass through. You'll share CU you absorb if he fights alongside you.

>>411613
Yes, it was a blunder, but not as big a one as it was thought. Resurrection might not be available in the store, ever, though.
>>
No. 411626 ID: c811c4
File 133697692541.png - (28.85KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-23.png )
411626

Alison introduces herself as they meet, and mentions Blue will probably teleport. Clarence says she'd like to try to find out, being thorough and all that.

>Ask of the newcomer is with the Chief
He says yes, and he would like to fight Alison.

>Ask Blue to touch himself
Blue does not respond.

Recluse attacks the newcomer! The newcomer takes 12 damage! The newcomer is slain! Recluse uses Absorption, and gains 102 CU.
>>
No. 411627 ID: 61e7f9

Do a range 1 high-five with Recluse. [this is purely for show and should take no time or turns or whatever.]
>>
No. 411628 ID: 886a4d

Hmm recluse has weapon reach already?
>>
No. 411630 ID: 886a4d

We'll spend a turn and let Clarence jump to Blue this turn then have her jump back the next. It'll give us something to do while we wait.
>>
No. 411631 ID: c811c4
File 133697777971.png - (6.79KB , 700x700 , s3(2)-23(2).png )
411631

>High five
>>
No. 411632 ID: c811c4
File 133697779635.png - (27.41KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-24.png )
411632

Blue jumps back when Clarence jumps forward.
>>
No. 411633 ID: 5029d1

yeah have her jump to blue. will probably show us how this works
>>
No. 411634 ID: 5029d1

stare at blue REALLY REALLY hard. see if he breaks a sweat
>>
No. 411635 ID: 886a4d

Interesting, you should jump up and have her jump back.
>>
No. 411636 ID: f70e5e

is it just me or does the concept of deception not seem to be that common among the contestants?
>>
No. 411637 ID: 886a4d

That is jump east.
>>
No. 411640 ID: 886a4d

Well Chief is probably promising anyone who can kill you a spot in the exit group. the problem is you keep on getting allies as well.
>>
No. 411642 ID: 61e7f9

Alison move down.
Clarence stays where she is.
Recluse moves left.

We pin him. See if his AI does something about that. If we learn how this works before other people get here and learn how it works we have an advantage.
>>
No. 411643 ID: 886a4d

From what I can tell he moves in accordance to whoever moves that turn that is closest to him. The easiest way to go about this is to have someone drive him around to a waiting group. Which means we need a stupid enemy once we gather everyone together to get out. People with double-move will obviously have the advantage.
>>
No. 411644 ID: 369d34

>>411642
Seconding this.
>>
No. 411649 ID: 5c94e7

>>411636
The concept of deception requires the ability or willingness to harbor ulterior motives, combined with the ability or willingness to act or think hypocritically.

These beings are very young A.I., being hypocritical without immediate cause for deviation is not first nature.
>>
No. 411652 ID: c811c4
File 133698263999.png - (29.00KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-25.png )
411652

>Alison moves down, Clarence stays, Recluse moves left.
Blue teleports immediately - as his movement, right as everyone else was moving as well.
>>
No. 411653 ID: ce15d1

ask blue for heals, shake your body unnecessarily
>>
No. 411655 ID: 886a4d

Thought as much.

Group up with Clarence. Ask the newcomer her allegience and if she is willing to cooperate. If not kill her.

After grouping on the leftmost tile got to the center where the two platform groups are joined. We might as well ignore Blue until more of our allies come.
>>
No. 411657 ID: 369d34

Looks like Blue teleported to the mirror position on the upper set of platforms. We'll have to continue testing where he teleports. It might not always be the farthest or mirrored location.

That isn't Flowergal, is it? Ask if she's part of Chief's gang, if she'll stack up with us while we're waiting for our friends, and that we'll share our absorbed CU. Actually, ask that of everyone who comes in here, from now on.

Alison and Clarence stack up the lower northwest platform. Ask Recluse to move east.
>>
No. 411658 ID: 886a4d

We shouldn't offer absorb sharing to everyone, just the first few new-comers as well as our old friends. What we will offer them is a way out of this stage with no threat of death that Chief would. Remember theres probably going to be around 200 incoming people.
>>
No. 411659 ID: 886a4d

I've been thinking and perhaps one way to get Blue to not move is to force him to heal. It might take up his movement turn too. We'd need Recluse or Allison chasing him around damaging his armor until its gone constantly however. Lets test that next.

Have Allison and Clarence move to the upper platform and begin to corner Blue again, this time instead of chasing him into a pocket we let him pass by one person.

Allison should move clockwise and Clarence counter-clockwise.
>>
No. 411660 ID: 61e7f9

Anyone neutral or friendly gets our help. Anyone aggressive gets wiped out by everyone and their grandma.
>>
No. 411661 ID: 369d34

>>411659
This sounds like a good idea to test. Chase Blue so he goes within range of those with ranged attack, as well.
>>
No. 411662 ID: b9e291

There's that plant girl. Arrgh and she's still got that smug grin! She stole an escape slot from you back at that one level!
>>
No. 411665 ID: 410a04

We should probably not depend on all of chief's underlings readily admitting their membership, especially to someone put on chief's vocal to-kill list. Maybe say to them "hey I did what chief wanted, now can will you help me?" If the response is anything but "who's chief?" or "I don't work for chief" then be wary.
>>
No. 411666 ID: c811c4
File 133698759801.png - (30.14KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-26.png )
411666

>Alison and Clarence move together, Recluse moves east

>Plant girl that stole a slot
That is the same plant girl, but that slot was offered for attacking the Cloak, which was done. The smug grin is still there, though.

Alison asks if the plant girl says he's with Chief, she says --

Recluse attacks Plantgirl! Plantgirl takes 12 damage, plantgirl is slain! Recluse uses absorb, gains 144 CU.

Clarence quietly asks Alison if she is sure the Recluse is, in fact, a friend.
>>
No. 411667 ID: 5c94e7

>>411666
>Clarence quietly asks Alison if she is sure the Recluse is, in fact, a friend.
"Friend? Yes. Ally? Not if you were the last person alive."
>>
No. 411670 ID: 369d34

Better fill Clarence in on Recluse's motives, as best you know them. You're not quite sure what your stance with Recluse is. What you do know is he's very powerful. Though, him attacking before the position of Plantgirl was known was a bit much.

Ask Recluse if he could please limit his attacking to the actively hostile, those who are with Chief, for the time being. You'd like to get people out of here your way as much as possible, OK.

Move east. We'll try to shepherd Blue around to the north side of the upper section.
>>
No. 411671 ID: 61e7f9

"Damnit, Recluse. Can you.. can you please stop killing people for a little bit?"
>>
No. 411673 ID: 410a04

"We need to find you a very convincing reason as to why you should stick around."
>>
No. 411674 ID: b9e291

This isn't good. Recluse is absorbing everyone. He can't use those CU yet, but next round he'll be way higher than us and will just kill us offhand, dooming the people we've absorbed. He probably doesn't even care about those people. Scanner and Guardsman and Catatonic and... well those people. He's a higher absorption level than us too (real smart there) and so we'll never absorb anything ourselves here.
>>
No. 411676 ID: 5c94e7

>>411674
Remind Recluse she doesn't have to kill people to Absorb them.
She could just be your classic Valkyrie who watches battles unfold, swooping down to collect the souls of the dead only once the victor has been determined.
>>
No. 411677 ID: c811c4
File 133699114192.png - (29.66KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-28.png )
411677

Alison explains he is a friend. Not so much an ally. She briefly explains the Recluse's motives before raising her voice at him. She asks him to stop killing the ones that aren't actively hostile.

He says he'll back off, but warns Alison it's only because there are so many exits.

2 turns later, a group shows up. Alison asks, and these ones say they are with the Chief, along with various threats and promises of death to Alison.
>>
No. 411678 ID: 5c94e7

>>411666
Recluse should be aware that she needs to Scan every person before she kills them, because if they have Absorb at all then they have people in them that would be perma-killed after their host dies.
>>
No. 411679 ID: 61e7f9

"Ok, NOW we get to kill people."

Alison and Clarence move onto Recluse's tile.
>>
No. 411680 ID: 04b86a

>>411677
There are 40 exits, and we aren't even sure enough of Blue's movement pattern to get those 40 out without a 41st having to stay behind yet. We can start being more hostile when the exits remaining becomes a problem.

Move east, and have Recluse stay where he is and start scanning. We need to coordinate our attacks so he can absorb all of them, and target any that have weapon range first. Don't let them hear any more of what we're talking about than they necessary, though.
>>
No. 411682 ID: 410a04

Have Recluse scan 'em, then you should move down one so that both of you have a nice kill-zone for the suckers.

Try not to come off as using recluse as a tool, so make sure you thank him for mercilessly slaughtering these poor damned fools. Keep in mind we should try to use our potential ability to revive as a incentive for Recluse to let us live.
>>
No. 411686 ID: c811c4
File 133699388330.png - (33.96KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-29.png )
411686

The gnoll let's out a swear, noting to his party that that's the Collector. They back away from Alison's group. Clarence and Alison shares stats to each other.

Alison makes sure to thank Recluse for helping her fight like this.

Recluse scans.
>>
No. 411693 ID: 886a4d

You / Clarence move down, left, then wait Recluse follows after them clockwise.
>>
No. 411705 ID: b7169d

Hmm, the Collector, fancy title.
>>
No. 411706 ID: e3f578

>>411686
Ask what's with the chief's hatin'
Our group is hardly competitive, or at least enough for proper survival. It is a bit more of a social group.
Making a hit out on her ain't gonna make a lick of difference beside knowing Chief wants us DEAD and that to survive we got to end him now. That's a stupid sleeping bear strategy. NEVER ATTACK SLEEPING BEARS!
>>
No. 411707 ID: 886a4d

Chief sees us gathering a group like him so we're competition. Worst yet rumors show we're willing to share CU out of our own pocket to let more then the max. number leave so we're competition with a better sales pitch as well.
>>
No. 411708 ID: 886a4d

Ask recluse if they have any items. We can duel them now but scissors aren't the only threat.
>>
No. 411710 ID: b85f8c

>>411686
Ugh, these guys have a lot of range. I think we should try to let them exit ahead of us or fight someone else, as fighting them will probably result in our death.

Red Gloves would work though. Take out the blockhead or bird with that, and things get easier.
>>
No. 411711 ID: 886a4d

We have one advantage... Weapon range. I can see us killing one person in two turns easily. Besides they'll not head to the exit since they arr with the Chief.
>>
No. 411714 ID: 08005b

I agree use your range to take out the blockhead and bird, leaving the big one weaker.
>>
No. 411715 ID: 886a4d

I say target the bird first. I'm actually hoping they do use scissors on us... will give us a way to cut one of them down immediately.
>>
No. 411716 ID: 886a4d

I keep on saying scissors when i mean red gloves hah
>>
No. 411717 ID: 08005b

I digress, if we were to take out one with a glove then the big one could use a red glove and then you would be screwed. "Never tell me the odds".
>>
No. 411721 ID: 886a4d

gloves restore HP and Armor temporarily and we can kill every single one of those one on one.
>>
No. 411722 ID: 5029d1

start taking out chiefs cronies.
>>
No. 411732 ID: ce15d1

You need to follow the Recluse's advice and actively slay ones that join if they are with the Chief. The longer you wait to be aggressive the more people are going to pile up and want to defeat you.
>>
No. 411737 ID: d10f72

Yes, use range preferably.
>>
No. 411740 ID: 57e7b0

If possible we need to kill everyone that shows up except our allies. This is the best spot to get a huge pile of cu and all the dead will be absorbed for later.
>>
No. 411752 ID: b85f8c

Guys, ALL of the chief minions we see here have range. R.1 and Knockback for the gnoll, R.2 for the others. Unless R stands for something else?

We have no advantage. We'd have to kill them indirectly, or come up with a clever plan. If Clarence or Recluse have Red Gloves, that would help a lot. Clarence can kill the bird in a duel and survive, but not the blockhead or gnoll. Recluse can kill any of them, as he can oneshot them. If both have Red Gloves, Clarence should use it on the bird, and Recluse should use it on the blockhead. Then we can simply swarm the gnoll. He'll get two attacks off though. I assume his first shot will be Alison, who will also attack back. Alison should stay out of range afterwards, going so far as to retreat. The others can finish him off.
>>
No. 411753 ID: 61e7f9

>>411752
R. = Rank
>>
No. 411757 ID: 886a4d

the R. stands for rank and is for the skill line below it. rank 1 knockback, rank 2 scan, rank 2 absorb.
>>
No. 411772 ID: 369d34

Since they have someone with the scan ability, they're going to know Recluse and Alison have ranged attack within two turns. Then they're going to play keep-away. If we split up to try and trap them, they're going to fight their way out through Alison and Clarence, so that's out. There may be a way to use ranged attack to hit them without them getting away.

Have Recluse and Clarence stay where they are, while Alison moves east, then north-west, onto that platform with only one link. Then Alison should try to range attack Blue from that platform. This is to see if ranged attack doesn't have to follow links to be in range.
>>
No. 411775 ID: 886a4d

Actually its pretty easy to kill them even if they do know of our range ability. If we stay by the leftmost up trail and Recluse forces them to move by chasing them clockwise they have a choice between rushing us and rushing Recluse. Rushing us garuntees no instant kill for them (Only one has above 13 life). However with us by the up trail we can use a ring around the rosy strategy to kill them one by one and they'll never get at us unless they split up... and thats a death sentance too.
>>
No. 411780 ID: 61e7f9

Try to win a convert. And go with this >>411775

"The three of you don't seem very strong. The Chief only keeps around the strongest people. Which one of you is he going to order killed first? We don't do that. We help everyone get through alive. Even if it means less reward for each of us."
>>
No. 411783 ID: 886a4d

I say nay on recruiting them, they picked their side and we need to keep the number of entrants down anyway.
>>
No. 411785 ID: b85f8c

We could also try attacking them from ABOVE.
>>
No. 411786 ID: 09e5bf

>>411783
And our main draw for Recluse is the PILES OF BODIES we have to make just to work with our friends.
>>
No. 411789 ID: c811c4
File 133704039062.png - (31.35KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-30.png )
411789

The R did stand for Rank.

Alison moves down to get to them, but they run around the circle. 3 turns pass, and another group comes. They are with the Chief again when Alison asks, while the lone Catblob says it is not with the Chief.

Having just moved, Alison and Recluse may attack the Chief's group. Recluse says they are weak, and even Alison could one shot either of them. The fox, however, has range 1.
>>
No. 411792 ID: 886a4d

One shot the fox, Recluse the other.... why didn't we stay north?

Ask cat- blob if he wants to join us or try and proceed on his own?
>>
No. 411793 ID: b85f8c

>>411789
Armor regenerates. I have no preference for who hits who, but Recluse probably has more armor than us. Still, I'd like to defer to him because we really do not want him backstabbing us. Ask him who he wants to hit first, and we hit the other one.
>>
No. 411794 ID: 61e7f9

Clarence move to catblob to stay out of range of fox. Recluse and Alison attack one each at range.

Make clear to catblob that attacking Clarence will be retaliated against. If he stays neutral or helps us we will help him get out.
>>
No. 411797 ID: c811c4
File 133704199197.png - (32.58KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-30(2).png )
411797

>Ask Catblob about joining the party
Catblob just says he wants out of here but might need help, so he'll join Alison since he isn't part of the Chief's group.

>Clarence move to Catblob
Movement was made this round, so only Alison and Recluse may act.

Alison and Recluse manage to oneshot each of the opponents, and the Fox deals 7 damage to Alison. Recluse uses absorb on Fox, gains 141 CU. Alison uses Absorb on the Longarms, gains 75 CU.
>>
No. 411798 ID: 886a4d

Allison moves North, Recluse West.

Recluse should be able to hit them should they move East. He should hit the one with the strongest attack he can one shot.
>>
No. 411799 ID: 61e7f9

Mention to Recluse he may want to get a double absorb in one turn perk when he can. Also comment that this teamwork thing is working out for both of you. "Plenty of people are after me. You'd have no shortage of targets should you stay with us. And you'd have help getting those absorbtions."
>>
No. 411800 ID: c811c4
File 133704268813.png - (29.84KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-31.png )
411800

>Double absorb perk in one turn
Recluse says that is a bonus, but it only allows use once per stage.

Alison mentions how the teamwork is working, saying plenty of people are after her, and so no shortage of targets. Recluse says he's aware, and tells Alison to kindly give the buddyteam lectures a rest.

>Ask what's with the Chief's hating on Alison
The Gnoll says he doesn't ask questions.
>>
No. 411801 ID: 61e7f9

Alison stay put.
Recluse west.
>>
No. 411803 ID: b85f8c

>>411800
Stay put. If they move towards us too, they'd be able to attack.
>>
No. 411804 ID: 886a4d

I meant to the center when I said West... meh. Allison waits. Recluse North.
>>
No. 411806 ID: c811c4
File 133704308484.png - (29.64KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-32.png )
411806

>Recluse move north
Recluse moves west.

The Gnoll's group jumps towards Alison, and is within range.
>>
No. 411807 ID: b0d466

KILL MAIM DESTROY
>>
No. 411808 ID: b85f8c

Hit the blockhead. We can two-hit him even if he regenerates to full.
>>
No. 411809 ID: 886a4d

Attack Gnoll, Move South after. Recluse continues to circle around.
>>
No. 411810 ID: 61e7f9

Slap Gnoll and retreat south.
Recluse keep moving west.
>>
No. 411811 ID: 04b86a

>>411808
Good point. Attack the blockhead, then move back south next turn.
>>
No. 411813 ID: b85f8c

>>411810
I think we should stop giving Recluse orders every turn. He is likely getting irritated at us.
>>
No. 411814 ID: 886a4d

>>411800
Really wish Recluse had moved to the center here. Two of them would be dead. And the third dead next turn.
>>
No. 411816 ID: e3aff6

The Chief sending people after us makes sense from a motivational standpoint. His plan requires most of these guys die anyway, but this way they have a faint hope of earning survival to keep them normal. However, I think he is underestimating absorption.

>>411813
Agreeing with this.
>>
No. 411818 ID: c811c4
File 133704528571.png - (29.97KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-32(2).png )
411818

Alison attacks Blockhead for 8 damage!
>>
No. 411819 ID: c811c4
File 133704530925.png - (32.12KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-33.png )
411819

>Move south

Alison attacks Blockhead for 8, blockhead is slain! Recluse uses absorb and gains 195 CU.
>>
No. 411820 ID: b0d466

Do the FRIEND OR FOE routine and attack the bird thing
>>
No. 411821 ID: b85f8c

>>411819
Say hello to the new people. Ask if they're with Chief, or if they've seen any of your friends.
>>
No. 411822 ID: 886a4d

Move to the center next. Target Gnoll.
>>
No. 411823 ID: cd6e04

make 'em surrender.
>>
No. 411824 ID: 886a4d

Also ask Recluse to scan. He should check for items too.
>>
No. 411826 ID: ce15d1

Take out the Gnoll before the plot gets lost.
>>
No. 411827 ID: c811c4
File 133704626531.png - (33.01KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-34.png )
411827

>Alison heads to the center
Gnollgroup does not follow, and Alison can't attack.

The newcomers are part of Chief's crew, and the Bird tells them to be careful, that the Collector is there. They move away from Recluse.

>Recluse scanning
Recluse tells their stats. None of them have any items.
>>
No. 411829 ID: b85f8c

>>411827
Why did we move left exactly? We're cornered now. We kindof need to keep moving.

Oh well, no point in doing anything but standing still, now.
>>
No. 411830 ID: 886a4d

So diagonal attacks don't work? Strange they did last round. Stay still. Recluse should move right if he wishes.
>>
No. 411831 ID: cd6e04

stay. attack if anyone moves in range.
>>
No. 411832 ID: f7ae22

Go right and get out of the worst spot, you don't want them to get their stackems on and outnumber you.
>>
No. 411833 ID: ce15d1

Go right, continue sniping at them from afar. you may need to group attack when you weaken them. You need to have as few enemies as possible so they cannot converge into large groups. Be aggressive when you can afford to.
>>
No. 411834 ID: 886a4d

Ya lets move right
>>
No. 411836 ID: c811c4
File 133704832553.png - (33.79KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-35.png )
411836

>Go right

Alison deals 8 damage to Gnoll!

Duelist and someone else show up near the second Chief group.
>>
No. 411837 ID: 886a4d

Stay, Recluse joins us. We attack Gnoll. and Recluse kills the other.
>>
No. 411838 ID: 80b123

Blue: Begin to play a game of Klondike out of boredom.
>>
No. 411839 ID: ce15d1

Move down, keep attacking. Swoon at Duelist.
>>
No. 411840 ID: b85f8c

>>411836
Stay put and hit Gnoll again. Gotta kill him before that other dude heals him.
>>
No. 411841 ID: 886a4d

Welcome the Duelist, ask his comapanion if she is willing to fight with us. Have him move left. He should circle around to join us.
>>
No. 411842 ID: f7ae22

Stay where you are. Tell Duelist who your known enemies are, ask him about the cutie patootie with him, and tell him to head left.
>>
No. 411843 ID: b85f8c

Oh and say hello to Duelist and warn him about the Chief minions we're fighting.
>>
No. 411846 ID: c811c4
File 133704933501.png - (32.45KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-36.png )
411846

>Greet/explain/swoon at the duelist
Alison greets and tells the Duelist about her current enemies.

>Ask Duelist about the cutie patootie with him
She's a healer, and he owes her his life. She says that she owes him her life back. They both move to left to circle around.

The gnollgroup jumps left to join with the others. Alison stays as the Recluse joins her, and they are out of attack range. Recluse mentions the range inconsistency, and for this area, Alison should assume that her range will only work if she can move to the target platform in a single jump.

Trihorned quadruped uses heal on Gnoll! Restores 1 HP.
>>
No. 411847 ID: 5029d1

they can't just sit there. wait for them to make a move if they come closer recluse attack trihorn.
>>
No. 411850 ID: b85f8c

It looks like they're gonna run away if Recluse approaches. We could take advantage of that.

Surge forwards. Let's see if we can do something near the middle of the stage.
>>
No. 411851 ID: b85f8c

>>411847
I disagree- if they come closer we should finish off Gnoll. We can still onehit him, as his armor has only regenerated 1.
>>
No. 411852 ID: ce15d1

Take out their healer.
>>
No. 411853 ID: 886a4d

Move forward, we`re going to have to take a risk if we want to finish this. Use the code we created to actually get Duelist to move right.
>>
No. 411854 ID: cd6e04

everybody get the fuck in range
>>
No. 411855 ID: 369d34

Get Catblob's stats, if he'll share them.

If Strongarm made and shared codephrases with you and the rest of your group, use them to tell Duelist and his friend to stay put; They'll get slaughtered if they move right and Chief's gang moves left. Move your stack up one position.
>>
No. 411860 ID: c811c4
File 133705061160.png - (34.02KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-37.png )
411860

>Move closer together, use code to get Duelist to move right

>Get Catblob's stats
5 body, 7 armor, 8 weapon and scan.

Trihorn uses heal on Gnoll! Restores 1 HP.

Gnoll tells the new group to try and get to him, but to be careful, as Alison and Duelist's party is hostile to him.
>>
No. 411862 ID: ce15d1

>>411860
Trap the new group with Duelist if he will commit, wrecking the newcomers while Gnoll recovers slowly will probably make the larger group mad, and we can continue to whittle them down as they show up.
>>
No. 411863 ID: 886a4d

Join up with Duelist. Then stay on the intersection. Guard the intersection.

Ask the newcomers if they are with Chief. If so prevent them from grouping up as well. Otherwise explain that Chief wants you dead simply because you gathered a similiar group. Yuo`ve been forced to see three such people die already.

Recluse should scan some more. What Recluse should do is go start chasing the upper group. by moving clockwise... we`ll keep the incoming from expanding too much.
>>
No. 411865 ID: ce15d1

I was about to amend and suggest that recluse does his own thing.
>>
No. 411866 ID: 369d34

Confirm that the two new guys, Mole and Shrimpy, are part of Chief's crew. If they're not, tell them that Gnoll's stack is part of Chief's crew, then give them the usual cooperation speach.

Move your group left, Duelist right, and stack up. If the two new guys are hostile, we'll split up, with Alison and Recluse as the two stack's core, and move around the lower section to trap them.
>>
No. 411867 ID: 61e7f9

Recluse, south.
>>
No. 411870 ID: b85f8c

>>411860
Tell the new group that you are being targeted by the Chief and it's up to them who they want to side with. Or side with noone, and stay out of the way. We won't blame them, but we can't guarantee their safety either.
>>
No. 411871 ID: 886a4d

Recluse can one shot most of the upper group while we can deal with the lower ones. Pity he didn`t get double jump as well as weapon range.
>>
No. 411873 ID: 369d34

>>411871
We'll have to remember that, while Recluse is powerful, he isn't invincible. If he corners a large group, like that one, they're going to all jump him instead of sitting around to be picked off. We'll have to keep an eye on Recluse, in case he gets cocky, but I doubt he will.
>>
No. 411876 ID: b9e291

The new group has four guys. That means not only they didn't kill each other they also saved an extra guy. Ask to join them.
>>
No. 411878 ID: b85f8c

>>411876
Eh? No, the new people are 2 people.
>>
No. 411879 ID: 369d34

>>411876
...What? Did I miss something? Only two guys 'ported in that turn.
>>
No. 411881 ID: b9e291

>>411878

Oh, yeah my bad. Well, whatever they want then.
>>
No. 411882 ID: c811c4
File 133705386564.png - (33.79KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-38.png )
411882

Alison mentions that the Recluse is free to do his own thing, and he moves south.

Duelist's group and Alison's group joins up.

>Ask if the newer group is part of the Chief's crew.
They don't tell her, but Clarence says that since the Gnoll acted buddy buddy with them, they almost certainly are.
>>
No. 411884 ID: 886a4d

Left.
>>
No. 411887 ID: ce15d1

go left
>>
No. 411889 ID: b85f8c

>>411882
Stay. I think the enemy will try to rush us once Recluse is a bit further away.

Also I don't want to assume that simply because Gnoll said we were hostile to him and the others should join up means the others are with the Chief. In fact, the way he phrased it implies that those two guys don't know that Alison is being targeted by Chief. So we should tell them that's why we're fighting Gnoll and his group.
>>
No. 411891 ID: c811c4
File 133705453306.png - (32.64KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-39.png )
411891

Trihorn heals Gnoll for 1 HP!

>Tell the new group why Alison and friends are fighting Gnollgroup

Shrimp says they aren't technically with the Chief, but in their current situation, they'd rather take their chances with him over Alison.

Alison moves left, Gnollgroup stays still. They are in Alison's range.
>>
No. 411892 ID: 886a4d

Gnoll. Then left.
>>
No. 411893 ID: 5029d1

hit the healer and then jump right.
>>
No. 411894 ID: ce15d1

Hit the healer, go left. Don't go right and allow the two groups to merge. trap the two.
>>
No. 411896 ID: 369d34

Counting the heals, Gnoll is back to full health and armor now, so attacking would be fruitless.

Take a ranged shot at the Gnoll-group healer, then jump left, but don't attack Mole and Shrimpy unless they attack.
>>
No. 411900 ID: 886a4d

Attack them if they move to the same square, they already declared their intentions.
>>
No. 411901 ID: 57f548

Convince them to start attacking the blue thing. They will probably spread out then, and be easier pickings. Or at least help out with killing it.
>>
No. 411904 ID: 886a4d

Alright hitting the healer is better then Gnoll, do it.
>>
No. 411905 ID: 886a4d

If we do move left and we attack the two, Allison should save her attack in case the upper group comes down.
>>
No. 411906 ID: b85f8c

>>411891
We should go left after attacking. Those two are now enemies, so we can just cut them off and take 'em out.
>>
No. 411909 ID: c811c4
File 133705634515.png - (33.26KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-40.png )
411909

Alison deals 8 damage to Trihorn!

Alison's group moves left after the attack is done.

Trihorn uses heal on self for 1 HP!

Alison mentions to Mole and Shrimp that they can get out of here by tagging Blue. They ignore her.

Meanwhile, Recluse is asking Alison if she won't have a fit if he attacks them.
>>
No. 411911 ID: 5029d1

they can die. they want to join chief so they aren't allies. kill them both and jump to their panel.
>>
No. 411912 ID: 431fa8

>>411909
No, we won't have a fit. In fact, at this point they've declared themselves hostile and we're surrounded and outnumbered, so there's really nothing for it but to attempt to eliminate the pair of them and move down. If our enemies can unify and outnumber us we'll get stomped.
>>
No. 411913 ID: ce15d1

Go down, attack the little shits if they're still there. Alison should long range gnoll or somebody weaker to lower their numbers.
>>
No. 411914 ID: 410a04

"Go for it"
>>
No. 411915 ID: 369d34

Remember, if we jump south, and they jump north, our stacks will trade places, and whoever is left after the ranged attacks will stack up with Gnoll's group.
>>
No. 411916 ID: 886a4d

Hit Gnoll. Tell him to go ahead

Then go down.
>>
No. 411919 ID: 369d34

Say they sealed their fates when they decided to join Chief's group; Smoke 'em.

Tell Recluse to hit Shrimpy, while you hit Mole. That'll take Shrimpy out for sure, and leave Mole weakened. Then jump your group south. Hopefully Mole will jump north at the same time, and you'll get a shot at range attacking him again.
>>
No. 411920 ID: 886a4d

Actually instead of Gnoll, hit the stronger of the two misfits, even if they manage to join up he dies next turn and Recluse is once again with us.
>>
No. 411922 ID: c811c4
File 133705757348.png - (33.71KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-40(2).png )
411922

Alison attacks Mole for 8 damage! Recluse attacks Shrimp for 12 damage, slays Shrimp, and absorbs for 173 CU!
>>
No. 411924 ID: c811c4
File 133705769179.png - (32.66KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-41.png )
411924

Alison jumps down, Recluse joins her, and the Mole leaps up. Gnoll's group stays behind.

Recluse and Alison slay the Mole, Recluse absorbs for 255 CU!
>>
No. 411925 ID: 5029d1

they wont expect a assault so soon. move up and hit them then move back left.
>>
No. 411927 ID: ce15d1

Move up, wreck them
>>
No. 411928 ID: b85f8c

>>411924
Efficient. Move up, let's see if we can hit someone again. Gnoll preferably.
>>
No. 411929 ID: 886a4d

Move up, if they are still there, Gnoll should die. You target bird. If they aren`t move right. Move up after and Recluse move right.
>>
No. 411930 ID: 369d34

Move your whole stack up. They should retreat to the upper half of the level, leaving the lower half, where players spawn, to your group.
>>
No. 411942 ID: b9e291

Ask them why they're trying to kill you when Chief's not even here. Just ignore his orders and we'll all beat his ass when he shows up. Still doesn't say what to do about blue guy though.
>>
No. 411943 ID: b9e291

Also don't move up you dumbasses that would put you right in melee range when they try and chase you.
>>
No. 411944 ID: 886a4d

They are frightened of Recluse and none of them particularily want to die either. They`ll keep running from us until enough of Chiefs group arrives to garuntee victory.
>>
No. 411946 ID: c811c4
File 133705977286.png - (32.02KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-42.png )
411946

Alison jumps up, as does Gnollgroup, getting with Trihorn again.

Trihorn heals for 1 hp!

The Chief has appeared. He peruses over the battlefield, now acknowledging Alison's existence with a warm greeting before asking Gnoll what has gone on here. Gnoll gives a summation, and the Chief appears more or less indifferent.
>>
No. 411947 ID: b85f8c

Oh GOODIE. Get a readout of his stats. I wonder if we can take him out to end this battle.
>>
No. 411948 ID: 5029d1

move right
>>
No. 411951 ID: 886a4d

Move east, did Gnolls summery include how the Blue moves?

And yes get a scan.
>>
No. 411953 ID: ce15d1

Ignore the chief for now, but avoid him. He probably has a red glove. Continue to deplete the Gnoll's group. Keep chase.
>>
No. 411956 ID: b9e291

Ask the chief why the hell he's getting everyone to try and kill you specifically, Allison!

For further decisions, keep in mind that range is most effective when defending. You get to apply two hits, before they get a chance to exchange blows evenly with you, whereas when assaulting you only get the one "free" hit and then are at their mercy when you jump on their platform.
>>
No. 411958 ID: 369d34

Hold position. Gnoll's group is expecting your group to jump east, to try and intercept Chief. Gnoll will either jump down, to get the battle over with, or right. Either way, your group can get in, or will be in, position to range attack them.

Definitely get a complete scan on Chief. He's a little too indifferent, and that makes me slightly nervous.
>>
No. 411961 ID: 5d00f4

>>411958
Regarding scan: Let's wait 'til the move phase is over. If the Gnoll group jumps down, I'd much rather Recluse help you clear the group out than spend a turn scanning.
>>
No. 411962 ID: 886a4d

I don't think scan takes a turn.
>>
No. 411965 ID: c811c4
File 133706167555.png - (33.09KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-43.png )
411965

The Chief does get an explanation of what the Gnoll knows of Blue's movements. Nevertheless, Chief gives the order to split up and circle around and see what Blue does. Gnollgroup will be able to do so without Alison's group catching up.

Alison asks the Chief why he is trying to kill her. Simple competition, he says. He knows her type, that she probably thinks that she's very special doing what she's doing. That she wants to help everyone, yet hates not being at the top. It's that mentality that stops him from asking her to join his collection, but Chief already knows that she doesn't want to. So what left to do, he asks, but kill her.
>>
No. 411966 ID: c811c4
File 133706168795.png - (67.96KB , 700x700 , s3(2)-43(2).png )
411966

>Scan the Chief
>>
No. 411967 ID: 886a4d

Welp, thats trouble.
>>
No. 411968 ID: 886a4d

Ask quietly if Recluse thinks he can handle him.
>>
No. 411969 ID: 5029d1

north
>>
No. 411971 ID: cd6e04

go flipways.
>>
No. 411972 ID: 04b86a

>>411966
...Fuck.

Okay, he's probably going to move another platform closer next turn, which means if Alison, Recluse, and Duelist move right we can attack him. If he does, then Duelist can absorb one blow from him while Recluse and Alison attack him. After that, Alison and Recluse can jump right and attack him again to finish him off.

Recluse can take 14 damage without dying, right?

And of course, this is all assuming that Recluse doesn't decide to join up with him.
>>
No. 411973 ID: 886a4d

We have two choices, we stay and hope to avoid chief, or we leave now.
>>
No. 411974 ID: 5029d1

no wait! back up and sync to the opposite of blue. if he ports and goes to the opposite he would land on us.
>>
No. 411977 ID: ce15d1

If you kill anyone the chief will probably absorb them, but he cannot use it until after the match, so ideally we can kill him and absorb his stuff afterward.
>>
No. 411978 ID: 886a4d

I'm going to say Allison, Recluse and anyone else who can take 14 hit moves east. We hit him for 20 damage. Whomever gets hit move up afterwords. The The rest charge after him. I hope he goes up, if he stays still we'll have to heal.
>>
No. 411980 ID: 369d34

...Well, crap... Quietly ask Recluse if he can beat Chief in absorption.

Confer with everyone in your group and get a complete listing of stats, abilities, and items. If we want to survive, we'll have to know all our cards.
>>
No. 411982 ID: 886a4d

Its risky, and it could mean death but we have no choice really. Chief has to die if we want the rest of our allies to live.
>>
No. 411983 ID: a6ab09

don't forget he prolly has extra lives
>>
No. 411986 ID: 369d34

We have to take Chief down, now, while we know where he'll be. Everyone that can take a weapon rank 14 hit should jump east. That should be at least Duelist, Alison, and Recluse. Alison and Recluse range attack Chief, and Duelist takes Chief's hit. From there we'll figure out what to do next.
>>
No. 411987 ID: 886a4d

As for the others who can't take a 14 hit they should start moving up then after the group heading clockwise.
>>
No. 411988 ID: 369d34

>>411983
Wouldn't that show in the scan? Better ask Recluse about that.
>>
No. 411993 ID: 886a4d

I'm honestly on the edge of my seat hoping Allison and crew beats Chief.

((I'm surprised Lagotrope gave us such a hard boss. He has 3x the amount of CU Allison does. If he plays smart we're doomed. Especially since how crappily we've been doing against his minions and how we just died vs Mongrel. The red gloves was a nasty trick.))
>>
No. 411997 ID: 410a04

Ask Recluse's opinion about their odds. If he's against it, lets make a retreat and try to get him latter in a puzzle where his stats won't save him.
>>
No. 411998 ID: 369d34

Unless we get Chief down, he's going to control nearly a third of the level with that range rank 2. If any of our friends 'port in within his range, they're in deep, deep trouble
>>
No. 412001 ID: 04b86a

Oh, wait, Duelist only had 4 Body and 5 Armor before entering the stage? I thought it was higher than that for some reason. Well, what's he at now, then?
>>
No. 412002 ID: b85f8c

>>411966
I don't believe he can possibly have that much CU from the strategy we've heard he uses. We've been cooperating with people a lot so far and only had to overfill exits a small amount. We haven't even SEEN that much CU from absorb results before we met Recluse.

Accuse him of cheating. Also, split up the group. Whoever wants to go whichever way is fine. Just have Alison in one group and Recluse in the other. We have to do a pincer attack to stand a chance.
>>
No. 412003 ID: 09e5bf

>I don't believe he can possibly have that much CU from the strategy we've heard he uses.

He makes big groups, then eats ALL the extras. The amount of CU seems consistent with that. He's probably just better and more active at group forming than us. We make like, 1 or two friends at a time. He has everyone he can get join him.
>>
No. 412004 ID: 369d34

>>412002
Chief'll see a pincer coming a mile away, and it'll take too long to set up. Also, Chief would almost certainly end up standing on the junction of the upper and lower halves, free to jump away, and send his minions against us.
>>
No. 412005 ID: 71d68e

If we do a charge and he moves closer, there's absolutely no way to save whoever Chief does 14 damage to. Moving up won't save whoever he damages as it'll still be within his range. If we do a charge and he stays still, he gets a free shot.

We should move up, kill his henchmen, and play keep-away.
>>
No. 412007 ID: b85f8c

>>412003
Mongrel and Recluse didn't have that much, and they kill and absorb pretty much everyone they can, with HIGH absorb rank. Also we haven't been overfilling exits very much, and have absorbed as much as we could from dying players. Basically, he's got DOUBLE the CU as someone who has been going about things about as efficiently has he has supposedly (us). It's just fucking bullshit.
>>
No. 412008 ID: 886a4d

If he moves up and gets hit 20 damage hes not going to be worrying about chasing the damaged person. He's going to try and move away.
>>
No. 412009 ID: 71d68e

Also, if any of us have a red glove left, it should get used on any one of the chief's henchmen that the red glove user can beat.
>>
No. 412010 ID: b9e291

Absorb: 7. What the hell. What. the Hell.
>>
No. 412011 ID: 886a4d

I don't think anyone bought a red-glove lately.
>>
No. 412013 ID: 369d34

>>412005
We go up, and Chief'll park himself in the junction, and control the spawn area. Then to get to him, we have to get through two hits from his ranged attack. Those two hits'll kill Alison, or severely hurt Recluse, before they even get a hit in. Whoever is left won't have enough turns to get in hits before Chief kills them, assuming he doesn't just bounce away and drop ranged hits.
>>
No. 412014 ID: 71d68e

>>412008
Hmm, so you're banking on him moving closer instead of staying still and then on him moving away (in which damaging him would've been useless as he'd play keep-away until his armor regenerates). He might view Allison as worth sacrificing an extra life on and target her as priority one, you know.
>>
No. 412016 ID: 369d34

>>412014
If Alison, Recluse, and anyone else who can take a rank 14 hit jump right, and Chief jumps up, Alison and Recluse can range attack together for 20 damage. Then whoever takes the hit from Chief jumps away to the left. Whoever is left jumps onto the platform Chief is on. If Chief moves left, then he can be range attacked. If he goes down, he can be ranged attacked. If he stands still, he can be directly attacked.
>>
No. 412017 ID: 71d68e

>>412016
In those scenarios, whoever takes the hit from Chief will still be within range of him in 2 out of 3 cases. Unless that person has double jump, hah.
>>
No. 412023 ID: c811c4
File 133706709304.png - (97.45KB , 700x700 , s3(2)-43(3).png )
412023

Alison accuses the Chief of cheating. He chuckles, saying that his numbers would be embarrasingly low if he had the capacity to cheat.

>Ask Recluse if he can take the Chief, and ask about extra lives on him
Recluse does not have the scan boon to detect extra lives. He cannot take the chief, he says, at least not alone.

>Ask the Duelist's new stats.
He says that with the absorb he got, he's been lucky and been able to get a lot of CU with the Healer's help. He now has 7 body, 8 armor and 9 weapon, with protection and absorption rank 2. He also makes a proud little smile, saying that he has a protection boon that may help. He only takes half damage from taking a hit for someone else, and he can protect 2 people at once from a range of one now. He says that most importantly, that he is ready to die, but the Healer thwaps him on the head for saying that.

Clarence and Healer have glove scissors if it comes down to that. Healer has rank 2 heal, but embarrasingly low stats elsewhere.

Alison mentions the idea of a pincer attack. According to the Recluse, the Chief probably won't be very aggressive, and will wait where he is in case they move closer.

Alison asks his opinion on a pincer, he says it's risky, especially as more people teleport in.

On the opinion of escaping immediately, Recluse says that is possible perhaps, but the Chief will probably end up with another couple thousand CU by the time this ends, perhaps. It would only give Alison and what friends she has currently one more stage of life.

Alison asks what he thinks they should do, then. The recluse has absolutely no idea, but a decision has to come soon, so Alison must weigh her decisions.
>>
No. 412027 ID: c6ec33

Chief is a plotter, and strikes me as someone who'll play it slow, safe, and have others do his dirty work.

With his range of 2, a single-path assault is literally impossible. Movement happens first, then attack. All he has to do is stay at least 2 tiles ahead of us, and he can take pot-shots at us forever without ever getting hit in return. It would be a monumental mistake of his to get any closer to us than range 2, and we should assume he's a good enough tactician to know that.

That leaves two options: Pincer, or wait for backup and pincer or rush, depending on how close new possible allies teleport into Chief (they might occupy him for a turn, giving us a chance to get in close). The problem with both of these options is that Chief *also* has backup here, and probably a lot more coming.

Our best bet is probably to take out Chief's allies 1 group at a time, and try to keep our allies AWAY from chief, so that our allies eventually outnumber chief and we can pincer him.

This plan only changes if some of our allies teleport in within range of Chief, at which point they'll either have to GTFO or push towards him. If we get lucky and they teleport in at such a position that we'll get a natural pincer, we can go after Chief.

Alternatively, we could try to persuade the enemy to join us against the chief by telling them the truth about how the chief operates, and how all of them are expendable to him, etc. We could also try offering them a reward for helping us (i.e. 200 CU plus free passage out). However, the odds are high that the Chief is in a better bargaining position, and is just more intimidating in general. We probably won't convert any of them, but it might be worth a try.
>>
No. 412028 ID: 886a4d

I say no to the cooperation route. Its against our priciples honestly. However if Duelist indeed can cut damage to half we can use him.

I say we go with plan CHARGE. Duelist actually can trail behind to protect us and Healer can heal him. So Allison and Recluse both hop forward. Attack Chief if possible. Duelist stays, and everyone else heads left. I'm assuming heal 2 has 1 range as well?
>>
No. 412029 ID: 09e5bf

Begging the chief's men would likely come off as desperate. There are 40 openings. What do they care about a minor chance they'll not get out. They got here early, they were the competent ones.

We should either kill his men until we have more of our own here, or go straight for an attack, knowing that we'll have people die no matter what.
>>
No. 412030 ID: b85f8c

>>412023
Ask the Chief what it would take for him to believe we would agree to join him. From what we've heard, he does let people exit the stage if they won't overfill it, and there's a 40-person exit here, so there's probably room for our friends... Ask him why he thinks we hate not being at the top, anyway. Recluse is stronger than us and we don't mind.
>>
No. 412031 ID: 886a4d

I know how he got all that CU. He has his group hold the exit and he just kills and kills and kills until no one else comes.
>>
No. 412032 ID: b85f8c

>>412028
Actually I was planning on convincing him we wanted to join then attacking him once we get close enough.
>>
No. 412033 ID: b85f8c

>>412031
We kinda did that once you know. We both got bad press for it and didn't actually make that much CU from it.
>>
No. 412035 ID: f7ae22

Go for the pincer movement since Recluse says the Chief won't be aggressive. Have Duelist and Healer move one left and stay there, have Alison stay where she is, and have the rest start moving around towards the other side of the Chief.
>>
No. 412036 ID: 886a4d

We only absrobed 7 people that area and could have stayed to kill more and more like he did. We had enough people to do so.
>>
No. 412037 ID: 886a4d

Pincer might give Chief's group enough time to make their way back. Still its a tad safer then Charge... I'll support it.
>>
No. 412038 ID: ce15d1

Never listen to another voice claiming "cheating". The game has established that the game responds and corrects any mistakes nigh instantly.

Pincer attack is an ok strategy. Someone(s) is/are going to die though. But He definitely needs to be defeated or he is only going to become more dangerous to us. I can also guarantee that there will be more groups like him in later stages. The pools are bigger each time.
>>
No. 412040 ID: 5c94e7

Current problems:
>Scan did not appear to reveal Chief's Items or Extra Lives.
>Recluse did not mention whether he could take down the Chief or not.
>Chief's Minions are not in the way, but may still reinforce his position such that a frontal assault would be literal suicide, or else they may simply pincer from behind.
>Reinforcements for either group will still appear near Chief's location.
>If we attack the Chief, there is no controlling who precisely he counter attacks.
>>
No. 412041 ID: 369d34

Looking at what cards we have, I just can't figure a way to take down Chief. We need Duelist's protection, but it can only be applied to one side of the pincer, so Chief will just push through whoever is on the other side. He'll also get one or two ranged hits in before having to enter direct combat. We do the "charge" plan, and Chief just smacks us with his ranged attack and jumps away.

There is a third way: Control the spawn area. Move counterclockwise, so that Chief stands in the junction of the two halves. Then go like we're doing a pincer maneuver. He should move into the upper half. Then we split groups so Alison and Recluse cover the lower left and lower right with ranged attack. We then attack his guys as they come in, and build up our group with those who'll aid us.
>>
No. 412042 ID: 5c94e7

>>412027
We have a Third option: Trap the chief on a center platform or between two splinter groups strong enough that the Chief WILL die, even if one or two people in one of those groups are lost.
>>
No. 412043 ID: 410a04

>>412027
Agreed, a CHARGE just won't work. We are more or less gambling on who enters the stage, so now we need to set the stage as favorably as possible. We should try to mop up Chief's minions, meaning we might have to divert one of our 3 main tanks, Alison Duelist and Recluse. If our other allies can take on the minions, that's very good.

If we use a pincer attack, we need to be sure we have enough fight in each side. If he just rolls through them, we'll be back in the charge scenario and have lost allies for no gain. We might have depend on a large group of allies appearing.
>>
No. 412044 ID: 886a4d

Since Duelist can ensure that Allsion / Recluse can survive three hits completely we have a good chance of killing him in a pincer and having no one die. That should let us kill him.

He would be insane NOT to target Alison or Recluse once they are in range as they are the ones who can hurt him at a distance. And since Allison would be soloing practically to hit and run the rest he'd have to go through her.
>>
No. 412045 ID: 886a4d

So heres the plan:

Allison, Duelist and Healer stay where they are.

Recluse takes the rest left.

In two turns they will be two jumps away from Chief.

Recluse's group and Allison's group jumps towards Chief.

He hits one of them. Hopefully Allison which Duelist will protect.

Jump forward again. 20 damage. right then. Stay still that turn and he dies no matter which way he jumps next turn. If he targets anyone other then recluse / duelist or Alison they die... but its our best shot.
>>
No. 412047 ID: c811c4
File 133706997310.png - (34.67KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-44.png )
412047

>Pincer
Alison and Recluse stay, the rest move

Alison asks what it would take to get the Chief to believe that she wants to join him. He says to kill the Recluse and then join him, alone, well out of the range of any of her allies.
>>
No. 412048 ID: c811c4
File 133706998678.png - (34.98KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-45.png )
412048

The Engineer has appeared.

Chief asks if those are friends of Alison's, because if not, then she shouldn't mind if the Chief kills one of them. He also tells Gnoll's group that none of them are to touch Blue, lest they be killed in the next stage.
>>
No. 412049 ID: b85f8c

>>412048
Say that you know one of them personally, and the other is probably their friend, so both of them would be your friends.
>>
No. 412050 ID: 886a4d

Say they are our friends. Give no indication that we don't know the second person. Tell them they should move left do not refer to Engineer by name. Proceed with Splinter. We now have backup for Duelist.
>>
No. 412051 ID: 886a4d

Get their stats too of course.
>>
No. 412052 ID: 09e5bf

>>412050
this.
>>
No. 412053 ID: 886a4d

>>412050 Err Pincer not Splinter.
>>
No. 412054 ID: b9e291

>>412048

You can move one closer to Chief without being in danger of him jumping on your platform. Everyone else has to continue in the other direction. If he approaches you, strike and retreat one. Either you solo him or Duelist's protector ability lets them engage in close combat without him one-shotting anybody. tl;dr let them continue going at him and try to maintain a single platform of distance to cut off his escape.
>>
No. 412055 ID: f7ae22

Continue the pincer, have everyone move 1 closer to the chief. Without using his name, tell Engineer and friend to move towards the Chief to attack him if they want to live through this stage.
>>
No. 412056 ID: b9e291

>>412055

No, don't threaten people's lives. Chief is bad enough.
>>
No. 412057 ID: 886a4d

Thats not a threat, its pretty much what will happen if we don't kill him.
>>
No. 412058 ID: 369d34

Get Duelist and Healer to stack with Alison. Tell Engi and his friend, without using his name, to jump left and stack with Recluse's group. Next turn, execute the pincer plan; Move both stacks towards Chief and see what happens.
>>
No. 412059 ID: 410a04

We should group up and plan around the stats of our new allies. If Engineer and his friend move left, Chief will have to decide if he wants to risk chasing them with Recluse right there. I believe he'll do the cautious thing and not give chase, so do not actually advance on Chief yet. If it comes down to it, Duelist can take the blow without permanently endangering himself.
>>
No. 412060 ID: 886a4d

The plan shouldn't change all that much unless Engineer and his friend can also take a 14 hit and survive. Basically all the low level people are there to garuntee no matter who dies, so does Chief.
>>
No. 412061 ID: 886a4d

Anyway we should proceed with pincer, Engineer and his friend should stay still. Recluse's group will join them. Allison's group should advance as well.
>>
No. 412062 ID: f7ae22

If we have our team stack up before continuing the pincer it will just make it more dangerous for everyone except the Chief. There is no benefit to having Engineer and his friend move left, it will just put everyone in more danger.
>>
No. 412063 ID: 410a04

>>412062
Well if we can communicate before committing to a movement, we should atleast fill Engineer and his friend into the situation, and ask if they have anything game-changing. Otherwise I guess it's go time.
>>
No. 412064 ID: b85f8c

>>412055
Agreed. We're in position, so let's get a move on. Engineer and his friend can join in the pincer formation as they are now, since they are likely melee only.
>>
No. 412066 ID: 369d34

Wait a second. Is the plan to have Alison advance on her own during the pincer maneuver? Who's stacking with her?
>>
No. 412067 ID: 886a4d

Duelist/Healer will be trailing her. Duelist can protect her twice before risking death and by then we'll be doing lots of damage.
>>
No. 412069 ID: 369d34

>>412067
OK, thank you for clearing that up.

It looks like Engi and friend should stay put, Recluse's stack moves right, and the Alison/Duelist/Healer train gets moving. Plan pincer is a go.
>>
No. 412070 ID: c811c4
File 133707264864.png - (87.19KB , 700x700 , s3(2)-44(2).png )
412070

The move phase has already been made, and so no one can move before Chief can attack before the next turn.

Alison says they are her friends. Chief says that is a shame. He will refrain from attacking for 25 CU. With everyone's body stats by this stage, any one of her allies could toss him that much.

Engineer says he has 5 body and armor, 6 weapon, and he hesitates. Recluse says that Chief already has used scan, and to explain further. Engineer says he has disarm.

Friendgy has 7 body and armor, with 8 attack.

Regardless, Alison will continue with the pincer, with the only question of if Engineer and friend will wait for recluse, or move to the right as well.
>>
No. 412071 ID: 886a4d

Toss him 25 CU. We'll take the hit.
>>
No. 412072 ID: b85f8c

>>412070
25 is basically nothing, so okay.
>>
No. 412073 ID: 886a4d

He might be lying, but its worth it to save them.
>>
No. 412074 ID: ce15d1

Disarm the chief and braveheart him to death.
>>
No. 412075 ID: 369d34

Toss Chief the 25 CU. Even though the dick will probably attack anyway. Have Engi and friend stay put.

What's the method of operation of the disarm ability? What's it's range?
>>
No. 412076 ID: 410a04

We could have Engineer and pal retreat, with Dualist covering them. If we do this, we could reform our pincer, with Alison and Recluse on one side, and Dualist, Engineer, and all of our other no-range attackers on the other. Stick him between a Hammer and an anvil. But if we've already committed, then have them press their advantage and charge without a step back.
>>
No. 412077 ID: 886a4d

If I remember correctly its the same as attack, so no extra range.
>>
No. 412079 ID: f7ae22

Toss him the 25 CU. It's unlikely to work but it's going to end up being only like 12 CU for a chance to save a buddy. Regardless of what happens, press your advantage and have Engineer and Friendgy move closer to Chief when they can move.
>>
No. 412080 ID: 410a04

Oh jeez Lago, you're gonna have to tell us when you're calling it a night, or none of us are gonna get any sleep
>>
No. 412081 ID: 369d34

>>412079
Whoa! They have no protection! Chief will range attack Engi, 'cause he has the disarm ability, and kill him. Then easily kill Engi's friend. Why push them ahead of the pack?
>>
No. 412084 ID: b9e291

> Range: 2

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
No. 412085 ID: 410a04

>>412081
Even if they wait for backup, Engineer will still be in range. This way, he'll have to back up towards Alison, or take Friendgy's attack.
>>
No. 412086 ID: b85f8c

...ask how much he'd ask to agree not to attack some of our other friends.
>>
No. 412087 ID: b85f8c

Also I think many of us are disregarding the inner tile Chief is standing next to. He can effectively retreat away from the pincer 1 more tile.
>>
No. 412088 ID: 886a4d

Don't. Give. Lago. Ideas.
>>
No. 412089 ID: ce15d1

duelist survives ok fixed
>>
No. 412090 ID: 369d34

>>412085
"Take Friendgy's attack?" What the? She'd be committing suicide if she did that. Do you think she has ranged attack or something?
>>
No. 412091 ID: b85f8c

Also we have yet to ask anyone if they've seen Iso- we should!
>>
No. 412092 ID: 886a4d

We could die soon, save it for later.
>>
No. 412094 ID: 886a4d

I say they charge him as well, hopefully he will concentrate on the people who can kill him.
>>
No. 412095 ID: 886a4d

I wonder if Blue is going to teleport soon. He's been trapped for a while now.
>>
No. 412100 ID: c811c4
File 133708146301.png - (188.96KB , 900x600 , s3(2)-45(2).png )
412100

>Hand him 25 CU

He is surprised. He usually tries to keep to his word, too, but he will admit that Alison is bolder than the rest he has encountered trying to pincer him like this, and is not above betrayal for his life. He does wonder where all of his allies have gone, perhaps they were too weak after all. Until then, he'll have to deal with that Disarm.

The Chief attacks Engineer for 14 damage! The Engineer is slain! Chief wins absorption, gains 246 CU!
>>
No. 412103 ID: 886a4d

Say it's no wonder they are so weak, you use them to ensure your own success and give them nothing in return. We saw eight dead before you even got here. And you care nothing about their deaths either. Your followers are fools to follow you.

Proceed with Pincer.
>>
No. 412104 ID: c811c4
File 133708264393.png - (110.39KB , 700x700 , s3(2)-45(3).png )
412104

Alison says it's no wonder the Chief's allies were so weak, but she is interrupted before she gets far. The Chief is well aware that is tactics, like any, have weak points.

>Proceed
Regardless of Alison's words, Friendgy says she is heading straight for Chief.

Recluse looks to Alison, but he remains silent for a moment. For a brief instant, it looks like Recluse isn't going to jump.
>>
No. 412105 ID: c811c4
File 133708266897.png - (33.92KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-46.png )
412105

But he does.

Chief deals 14 damage to Recluse!
>>
No. 412106 ID: 886a4d

Continue. Recluse might pull back or he might not... its really up to him.
>>
No. 412107 ID: 256d52

For great justice, push!

Zerg rush 'im
>>
No. 412108 ID: 886a4d

I'm on the edge of my seat here. Hah!
>>
No. 412115 ID: c811c4
File 133708622438.png - (36.96KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-47.png )
412115

>Move forward

The Chief moves forward and laughs. He had expected the Recluse to run away, not like it would have mattered to the sad looking fool.

He says to the newcomer group that it would have been great if they found it in their heart to arrive one turn sooner. They are to stay where they are, he orders.
>>
No. 412116 ID: c811c4
File 133708623912.png - (113.83KB , 900x600 , s3(2)-47(2).png )
412116

Chief deals 14 damage to Recluse!
Recluse deals 12 damage to Chief!
Clarence deals 7 damage to Chief!
Catblob deals 8 damage to Chief!


Recluse is slain! Chief absorbs Recluse for 2,310 CU!

The Chief can't contain himself. He lets out a ridiculously gleeful laugh, yelling that he doesn't know whether he's having terrible luck or the best luck.
>>
No. 412117 ID: 886a4d

Say to the newcomers,

"He's near death. Only 4 hp left. If you kill him no more fearing a tyrant will kill you on his whim. One more hit. and he is dead."

Look at Clarence and Catblob. Say "I understand if you flee towards me but one of you stays still and the other attacks the other platform he dies."

Move Down.
>>
No. 412121 ID: 886a4d

If they refuse get red-gloves form Clarence and Healer then challenge both new-comers to duels and kill them.
>>
No. 412122 ID: c811c4
File 133708849557.png - (36.88KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-48.png )
412122

>Get red gloves from both clarence and healer
They have glove scissors.

Alison tells Clarence and Catblob that she understands if they wish to flee to her, but if one of them moves away and one stays, then the Chief will be slain.

Clarence offers to be the one to go forward. Chief mentions he'd like all of his subjects to have that kind of loyalty.

When Alison tells the succubus and the one with scruff on his head that the Chief is weak, that they can slay him and go on without fear of a whimsical leader, they both shake their head. Scruff says that they've come to depend on him, now. The Succubus says that he has an extra life, anyway, and Scruff yells at her to shut up, calling her all sorts of names intermittently.

Yet the Chief says it is alright to mention that. He expects everyone to defend his respawn point, where Catblob currently is at. He'll be watching.

Everyone moves to their spots.

Clarence deals 7 damage to Chief!
Chief deals 14 damage to Clarence!
Succubus deals 7 damage to Clarence!
Scruff deals 6 damage to Clarence!

Clarence is slain!
The Chief is slain!

>>
No. 412126 ID: b0d466

Can Duelist absorb anyone? That'd be optimal.
>>
No. 412127 ID: 886a4d

Absorb Chief, If possible have someone else absorb Clarence

Alice moves up, Duelist / Healer moves down, Iso South. Catblob, Engineer Friend stay put. The biggest threat is the upper group right now.
>>
No. 412128 ID: 886a4d

Say this to Chiefs ghost as he watches. They aren't subjects, or tools. They are friends, companions and allies.

Mourn the loss of Engineer, Clarence and Recluse.
>>
No. 412129 ID: 886a4d

Also get Iso's stats.
>>
No. 412132 ID: c811c4
File 133709159840.png - (186.36KB , 700x700 , s3(2)-48(2).png )
412132

Engineer's Friend says that Engineer spoke highly of Alison, and will absorb Clarence as Alison says that she'll absorb the Chief.

Alison tells the Chief her allies aren't subjects or tools, and Chief tells her to cut it. He's heard this speech twice before.

The Recluse is able to tell Alison the stats of Succubus and Scruff as a last action. Iso tells her his stats as well.
>>
No. 412133 ID: c811c4
File 133709162499.png - (206.37KB , 700x700 , s3(2)-48(3).png )
412133

Friendgy uses Absorb 3 on Clarence! 111 CU gained!
Alison uses Absorb 3 on Chief!
Chief uses Absorb 7 on Chief! Chief wins and gains 4101 CU!


As the Chief falls, he laughs hard enough to make his Recluse kill sound like a weak giggle. He can't believe that actually worked. He says he'll give a 700 CU reward to the one that finishes off Alison.
>>
No. 412135 ID: c811c4
File 133709172605.png - (134.82KB , 700x700 , PAUSE.png )
412135

>>
No. 412140 ID: d5ee6f

wat
>>
No. 412144 ID: b0d466

how does that WORK even

shopkeep is that a valid move!?
>>
No. 412145 ID: f70e5e

he had a one up, and is probably holding onto his entire groups pile of cu. he let himself die and then used absorb on himself to increase the amount of cu he has by 70%. we can kill him by waiting for him to re-spawn, or by camping the blue guy until we can as a group take all remaining exits at ounce.
>>
No. 412153 ID: cd6e04

run for the blue guy. when he respawns, he'll fucking end you.
>>
No. 412156 ID: e3f578

>>412133
Explain to everyone it's actually the most practical for their survival to kill Chief now, because say they'll hit the final stage with his help, many of you will have to face his ass. And he now has 8000 total CU. If anyone manages to get an absorb off him at his final life, even 10% of that is 800 CU to level up with, and they can gain a considerable advantage. Siding with the Chief is suicide! Because sooner or later, that motherfucker will kill you with a mere glance and no one will defeat him!

If gets passed this stage, he will be the single most powerful competitor and will only get even more super powerful. At least with your impractical lovey dovey stuff, you want to resurrect the people you care about and become friends with. Chief won't resurrect them. You're one of the few people with the resurrect absorb power, don't take me out of the game just yet. you can be more than useful to all of them, please think of it as a high-risk, high-reward end-game investment if you don't want to think about you being a peace-loving hypocrite hippy. Siding with The Chief is a high-risk, low-reward end-game investment.
>>
No. 412157 ID: e3f578

>>412156
And no, don't let anyone ignore your speech or to shush it. It's not your average bullshit speech this time. It's about practicality and everyone's personal chance of survival.
>>
No. 412158 ID: 71d68e

>>412153
Nope. Alison is unharmed. She can survive a single hit from him. He can't survive a hit if attack right after he respawns. Thus why he's telling his minions to protect his respawn point.
>>
No. 412165 ID: b4798d

Or, if you want to appeal to their mercenary senses: if he dies and you absorb him, you'll get ~2400 CU. Make a general offer that if you survive, someone else kills the chief, and you absorb him, you'll offer them 800 CU (or more). This would (theoretically) cause the enemy to fight amongst themselves (giving you free absorbs), and increase the chances of someone offing the chief as soon as he pops.
>>
No. 412166 ID: 35037c

^yus
>>
No. 412174 ID: bf9d18

Hey Shop keep get us a replay here....is Absorbing one selves a legal move? why weren't we informed of this?

Don't let him be able to do it until it gets cleared. if its true then its a stupid way to "glitch" one selves CU as long as you have enough 1-ups....
>>
No. 412175 ID: ce15d1

load savestate
>>
No. 412179 ID: 456869

We end this now. Spread out, with Alison covering using her range to cover more area than others. His killer gets what ever we can absorb and freedom from a tyrant. Let his minions know if chief survives, he now has absolutely no use for them with all the power he now has.
>>
No. 412180 ID: b85f8c

>>412135
Stand there and stare in disbelief for a while.
>>
No. 412186 ID: 886a4d

Lagotrope that is just mean.

Movement plan:

Iso moves south then moves right to attack Scrub

Catblob / Engineers Friend (Ask what his name is / what Engineer called him) Waits then move west to attack Succubus

Duelist Moves down, down and protects those assaulting the duo.

Alison Move up, attack either Trihorn or Gnoll if hes in range, move east if he isn't, otherwise move south.

Its time to finish off all of Chiefs allies. And start absorbing like mad. Which means we stick around until no one comes in for twenty turns. We let 35 people go through no matter what. Then we save the last 5 for our group. If Chief doesn't respawn by then we leave him to laugh alone while the stage crumbles around him.
>>
No. 412188 ID: b0d466

Reload to a few seconds ago, absorb your buddy, have the shopkeeper call a glitch on the SELF ABSORB

else Chief goes insane from being in his head twice?
>>
No. 412189 ID: 886a4d

Say outloud, "Shopkeep can you confirm this is allowed?" If he appears tell him you'd like to buy 2 first strikes.
>>
No. 412191 ID: 6f4d55

>>412186
It's at least a change that there aren't 70 new posts when I'm 4 hours offline^^
Sometime I will write a userscript that let's you the board's functions with changing IP and give an option to load all new posts, not just all or the latest 50^^

I have a feeling alison won't get to the last stage outside an absorption...

I don't have many plans for doing for now... Although I would stuck to keep killing him or else he might spend those CU next stage for some more terrifying stats...
>>
No. 412192 ID: 456869

Guys stop calling him a cheater, the shopkeeper isn't going to fix our problems.
>>
No. 412193 ID: 886a4d

I'm not calling him a cheater, I'm asking if self-absorb is a bug. I'm also trying to take advantage of the fact that the bug fixer is also the merchant.
>>
No. 412195 ID: 886a4d

>>412186
A bit of a change on the movement plan for Iso, Engineer's friend and Catblob. They should all hit Succubus.
>>
No. 412201 ID: f7ae22

Have Catblob and Friendgy stay put while you jump on their space, and have Duelist + Healer continue following behind you. Start the wrecking of fools if they stay in range. Have Iso stay where he is for this turn, since they have no ranged attacks.
>>
No. 412207 ID: 71d68e

I suspect self-absorb is legit enough that questioning it won't do any good. So forget that.

Inform the Chief's allies that with the amounts he's absorbed, Chief'll have far less need for them. Tell them that you'll let them live if they leave the stage peacefully.
>>
No. 412209 ID: 61e7f9

"Ok, you two gullible fuckwits. And this goes with everyone who chooses to follow the Chief. I'm asking you a question. You and Chief get to a door. There is only one space. He doesn't split it so he attacks you. What do you do?"

If they don't respond "FUCKING ANSWER ME."

[PS it's time for some diplomacy instead of moving around and taking turns]
>>
No. 412211 ID: c811c4
File 133711975448.png - (134.44KB , 700x700 , s3(2)-48(4).png )
412211

>Stare blankly

....

>Load savestate

Alison tries to reverse time so that she can do this over. It doesn't work.
>>
No. 412212 ID: c811c4
File 133711979863.png - (94.84KB , 700x700 , s3(2)-48(5).png )
412212

>Shopkeep shopkeep self-absorb shenanigan

The shopkeep pops up. Normally he doesn't show up to say that something is not a glitch, but this case is extreme enough to merit a visit. Whether or not he agrees with the rules, absorbing oneself is legit. That, among other things, is why extra lives are never in an indefinite supply.
>>
No. 412213 ID: c811c4
File 133711983993.png - (34.42KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-49.png )
412213

Alison yells to everyone that the Chief must have around 8000 CU, and that she can absorb him. That if someone brings him down, she'll share a nice chunk of that CU. That he's too strong, and he's no safer to follow than doing the stage regularly. All of them are expendable, and the Chief is strong enough to do anything, but is weakened right now.

There is a pause, and then there is arguing. Scruff says he cannot take that chance precisely because he is so strong now. The gnoll calls out, saying that that's just Alison trying to turn everyone on each other.

It may be working. Alison is in range to attack if she wants to.

The succubus asks for an agreeance to not attack each other between herself and Alison's group, while Scruf says that she may as well join Alison if she's going to betray Chief. The gnoll says he'll kill the succubus himself, but the rest of gnoll's group shuffles their feet.
>>
No. 412214 ID: 5029d1

"being absorbed puts you to 1 hp when you respawn, ANYONE can kill him right now fan out and cover the whole stage and he will be forced to wait, get enough people and we can all leave and leave him behind even."
>>
No. 412217 ID: 61e7f9

>The succubus asks for an agreeance to not attack each other between herself and Alison's group
done
>Scruf says that she may as well join Alison if she's going to betray Chief.
done
>The gnoll says he'll kill the succubus himself
We are neutral to the succubus so do what you please. If she decides to join us then it's different. But we will stay out of it for now. Also that if Gnoll attacks anyone allied to us, from this point on, we will retaliate. He is being given a chance to be neutral or allied/friendly.
>the rest of gnoll's group shuffles their feet.
We are offering anyone the choice to join our group. We will do everything we can to get everyone out alive. Losses are inevitable. But staying with the Chief means certain death. Staying with us means certain that we will all work to get out together.
>>
No. 412218 ID: 09e5bf

>>412216
Accept non aggression with succubus, kill everyone who doesn't agree to something similar, like the gnoll and scruff.

Even if they said they're going to get the succubus, we're still their targets, and are standing on the panel they were just ordered to protect.
>>
No. 412225 ID: fdad59

Accept Succubus and Scruff's terms.

Have Iso move right, Duelist and Healer move left. We are going to camp this spawn.

Ask these folks what Chief wanted out of them. Was it just to be expendable minions and to "hold the door" at the exit? What have they gotten out of working for Chief? Why did they join up with him, anyway?
>>
No. 412227 ID: 04b86a

>around 8000 CU
Actually, he has just under 10,000 CU (9945). If he's allowed to move on, even if he holds up on that 700 CU bonus, he literally won't need a team anymore; after buying double jump, a couple more ranks in weapon range, and maybe even disarm he'll basically be a god. What use will he have for everyone then other than to absorb their CU the first chance he gets?

Just look at what his stats were before! Do they really think he shares much, if any of his absorb CU? Do they really think he'll pass up godhood just because a few people are willing to do things his way?

Here's my plan. We all wait here, until we get a bit over 40 people. Then, we have everyone but Alison split into two groups and pin blue down on the far side of the area. Once they're there, Alison will start to move over to them. If Chief spawns and Alison can't kill or outrun him, they're all to jump to Blue and leave her behind.

Oh, and we won't be able to absorb him. He'll just absorb himself again just to spite us.
>>
No. 412231 ID: 2fbc87

>>412211
@Lagotrope:so you used a pause-picture to pause for... 7hours?^^ We were kind of expecting some days^^

>>412227
>Oh, and we won't be able to absorb him. He'll just absorb himself again just to spite us.
Well... that would made sense... unless we kill him until he is dead... which we want to do anyway... some assumptions how many extra-lives?^^
>>
No. 412233 ID: fdad59

>>412227
...Damn it. Even if we do kill Chief, he'll absorb himself to keep us from getting the CU, as a final "fuck you."

>>412231
If Chief has more than one extra life, I'm calling epic bullshit.
>>
No. 412237 ID: b85f8c

State that you respawned once too. You start with 1 hp and no armor. We can camp his respawn and he will DIE. Alison can survive one hit, so all we need is to get the minions to agree to not attack so you can take out Chief when he spawns. Also, everyone who would get oneshotted by Chief should also stand back out of the area he'd respawn at. Also make sure nobody causes Blue to teleport- the last thing we want is Chief tagging him and escaping before we can finish him off.
>>
No. 412238 ID: 456869

>>412233
We've seen players absorb after death I think twice now, both had extra lives so we don't need to worry. Do we know for sure where chief will respawn?
>>
No. 412239 ID: b85f8c

>>412233
I don't think you can use Absorb if you have no extra life.
>>
No. 412244 ID: fdad59

>>412237
Everyone here should also know that a person can choose when to respawn using an extra life. As long as there's people camping Chief's spawn point, he isn't going to choose to spawn.

Also, players waiting to respawn can hear everything said on the field, whether shouted or whispered.
>>
No. 412249 ID: 99ff26

>...Damn it. Even if we do kill Chief, he'll absorb himself to keep us from getting the CU, as a final "fuck you."
Wait, maybe she could convince him that taking the CU to his grave wouldn't do anything for him, where if he allowed her to absorb him he'd have a chance of living again.
Surely a guy like him would weigh his own life over a petty insult.
>>
No. 412259 ID: 886a4d

You can't absorb if you perma-die, as long as he respawns we can absorb him.

Scruff isn't asking to join us, hes telling Succubus that if shes going to abandon Chief she might as well BE joinning us. Tell Succubus that you agree. Next turn if she moves left and does not attack anyone Alison will know she means it.

>>412186

Change targets to Scruff instead of Succubus and Gnoll instead of Trihorn. Otherwise follow.
>>
No. 412266 ID: 04b86a

>>412239
>>/questarch/1003457
Dagger never respawned after doing this, so I think it's safe to say you can absorb while losing your last life.

>>412244
>>/questarch/1003639
He can't normally hear whispering, but whispers done on his respawn platform might be different. I'm not sure if him hearing us matters, though, since there's not much we can say or do that he won't expect or be able to figure out from everyone's actions.
>>
No. 412273 ID: 886a4d

You can't absorb if you perma-die, as long as he respawns we can absorb him.

Scruff isn't asking to join us, hes telling Succubus that if shes going to abandon Chief she might as well BE joining us. Tell Succubus that you agree. Next turn if she moves left and does not attack anyone Alison will know she means it.

Hit Scruff this turn. Put the fear of death in him.

Next turn Iso is to move right, Alison shall move left. Catblob and Friengineer shall stay put. Duelist/ Healer shall join them.
>>
No. 412290 ID: 886a4d

Ask Succubus if shes willing to sell you her red-gloves.
>>
No. 412304 ID: c811c4
File 133712987850.png - (142.39KB , 700x700 , s3(2)-49(2).png )
412304

Scruff has to clarify that he was saying that if the Succubus was going to ask for non-aggression, then the succubus may as well fully join.

Alison mentions that may be true, but she'll accept a non-aggression all the same.

Alison attacks Scruff for 8 damage!

The gnoll tells them both to fight back. Alison asks about the Succubus's red glove, but she says it's non-aggression, she doesn't want to fight her own allies even if she sold it at a premium.
>>
No. 412305 ID: c811c4
File 133712988925.png - (36.03KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-50.png )
412305

>Move left

Another group comes in. The succubus says they are part of the Chief's crew.

Alison deals 8 damage to Scruff! Scruff is slain, Alison uses absorb for 138 CU.
>>
No. 412306 ID: 886a4d

Tell the newcomers whats happened. State Chief is dead, and you are going to make sure it stays that way. Everyone gather on the spawn point. Say to Succubus if she sells you her red-glove you`ll make sure Gnoll dies, hes the only one whos said he`d kill her for this.
>>
No. 412309 ID: e3aff6

Say to the new people that Chief is dead, but if he survives respawning he will be rich enough to absorb 10, at which point he won't need any of them.
>>
No. 412312 ID: 61e7f9

"Chief is dead. I'm going to make sure he stays that way, even if it kills me. I'm offering non-agression or allies to anyone who wants it and we can get out of this place with everyone alive. Anyone trying to kill me I'll defend myself."

"That's about it. Everyone can start moving to the exit to prep for leaving. Me and any other volunteers will stay to spawncamp Chief. Gnoll is currently the only one still after me and he'll be dead in a turn or two if he doesn't change his mind."
>>
No. 412314 ID: fdad59

Dammit, we have nobody with the scan ability to check out these new guys.

Ask Succubus how good she really thinks her chances are with Gnoll, or if Chief comes back. Chief isn't going to take what she did nicely. Now, if you deal with Gnoll with a red glove, you might be able to talk the rest of Chief's crew into at least not attacking.

Call out to the three new guys that Chief's dead, but he racked up a shed-load of CU. Enough CU that he can buy enough abilities for next level so as to not need anybody else's help. He'll kill everyone next level if he gets out, so you're camping his spawn-point.
>>
No. 412315 ID: b85f8c

>>412305
Tell the succubus she is free to try to tag Blue if she wants. We won't ask her to wait. In fact, offer that to everyone. They can just leave. We will stay behind to take care of Chief.

...I wonder why Scruff didn't attack back? Maybe he decided it was wisest for him to be absorbed by Alison?
>>
No. 412317 ID: 886a4d

>>412315
Scruff had moved left too.
>>
No. 412323 ID: f7ae22

From what we have seen, the respawn point is the same as your original spawn point, so the Chief wouldn't be lying about where his spawn point was. Never allow that spot where Duelist is to be out of range of at least one of your group.

These newcomers are potentially a huge threat to you if any of them have range. Ask your group and Succubus if any of them know anything about the stats/abilities/items of these newcomers. See what the newcomers have to say about themselves and what others have to say about them before you make a move.

Ask Duelist about the specifics of how Protection works. At what point in the battle does he choose who he is protecting, is he able to decide who to protect after he knows who is being targeted? Can he choose to only protect some attacks against a person instead of all attacks against them?
>>
No. 412325 ID: 886a4d

New movement plan: Allison moves right. Catblob and Duelist left. Everyone else stays put.
>>
No. 412333 ID: c811c4
File 133713370694.png - (16.83KB , 700x700 , s3(2)-50(2).png )
412333

>Tell the Succubus she is free to tag Blue
She knows, but she wants to know if Chief is going to come back. Besides, it would be dangerous for her to try to go alone, now.

>Ask the Succubus what she thinks her chances are with Gnoll or if Chief comes back
She explains that the chief is a bit more forgiving than he lets on. He has let transgressions slip by before with only mild punishment, but she may be pushing her luck.

>Ask Duelist protection mechanics
He says he must choose 2 people to defend prior to the attacking phase. Any damage those 2 people take are redirected to him. The downside is that he has to guess who is going to get attacked. Lastly, he can't decide to only take some of the attacks, he must take all of the damage or none of it for a person, at least for that round.

Alison tells the group what's happened. Alison offers them nonaggresion or alliances, and that if the Chief respawns, he will be weak enough to one shot. That he's too powerful to need anyone now. They can barely believe it, but gnoll says it's all true. They say screw it, they're going to book it for Blue.

Gnoll says he will attack them if they do that.
>>
No. 412334 ID: 886a4d

If Gnoll follows them, Allison will make sure he dies so they are free to do what they wish. If any of them have a red-glove she'll buy it off of them the garuntee it.
>>
No. 412335 ID: 61e7f9

"Thank you. The offer to join us is still open if you choose to. Also we can try moving blue into a position to get everyone /but/ Chief out. And you can stay as long as you'd like or leave. Anyone in Gnoll's group is free to leave as well. If you are willing to join up with us, we can do our best to help you get out safely without gnoll attacking you."

"Gnoll, he's dead. We are making sure it stays that way. Move on or die in vain. You have the choice."
>>
No. 412336 ID: 61e7f9

>>412334
this too
>>
No. 412337 ID: a2fa74

>>412305
Point out how he offered to not attack a person if you paid him CU, and after you paid him he immediately killed that person.

Also ask if Chief would ever pay CU to keep a friend alive.
Ask if they really want to follow a leader who thinks of them as disposable and goes back on his word.
>>
No. 412340 ID: c811c4
File 133713449959.png - (34.24KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-51.png )
412340

The Succubus changes her mind. She whispers to Alison that she will sell the red glove after all for 60 CU.

Alison tells the newcomers the offer is still open, and anyone in Gnoll's group is free to leave.

She tells Gnoll that the Chief is dead, and she's going to make sure it stays like that. He tells her to shut up. When mentioning the Chief's betrayal of CU, the gnoll says it was always like that. He only keeps to his word for people who are part of the family.

Gnoll's group turns around and starts to intercept the newcomer group.
>>
No. 412343 ID: 5029d1

buy the glove. kill the gnoll. "well would you look at that, jerks die"
>>
No. 412344 ID: a2fa74

>>412340
A betrayer is a betrayer, and sooner or later he'll decide they're more useful to him as CU.
>>
No. 412346 ID: 61e7f9

"Eh, looks like you aren't getting out right now. You can come join our group and wait till we all leave. We will help out neutral parties if it doesn't harm our allies."

"Greetings newcomer. How goes it?"

Buy the glove. Slap the Gnoll. Fuck his world up. (I have not crunched the numbers. I do not know for sure who would win. People are saying it's a sure thing Alison will win but unexpected things have happened before. If anyone is better suited to it I'd send them.)
>>
No. 412347 ID: b85f8c

>>412343
Agreed.
>>
No. 412348 ID: 09e5bf

>"Greetings newcomer. How goes it?"

That newcomer seems to be the bandit.
>>
No. 412351 ID: 886a4d

Buy it and Kill Gnoll immediately. Succubus should be able to leave after if she still wishes to go for the exit.

Explain things to Bandit. Say you'll make sure as many people get throught the exit as long as you can and still garuntee yourselves getting out.

Finally head right with catblob and friendgineer. The others stay put.
>>
No. 412353 ID: fdad59

Buy the red glove and tell Succubus she's done the right thing. Throw down the gauntlet on Gnoll. Either use Alison, or someone else who can take and dish out the hits to win.

Oh, hey, look! It's Bandit. Fill him in on what happened here, and that you'd like it if he'd join your group, but if not, that's OK.
>>
No. 412355 ID: e75a2f

Bandit was always for evening the odds. He would probably be glad to make sure the chief does not come back.
>>
No. 412356 ID: b9e291

Ugh, girl I told you to take more Absorb I told you snaek. It would've been better if we died instead of Recluse... Chief knew who was the real threat though. With only a level 3 absorb ready to suicide vs Chief, anyone who gets out of this level is going to die in the next round. All those CU are just going to go to waste, dooming everyone here.
>>
No. 412358 ID: ce15d1

If we kill Gnoll, people will be more inclined to help us.
>>
No. 412360 ID: fdad59

>>412356
And if Alison did sink all her CU into absorb rank 7, she wouldn't have been able to do the pincer maneuver, but Chief would then have camped the spawn area and killed everyone that wasn't in his crew. Then he would have sent his cronies after us, once he had enough.
>>
No. 412363 ID: c811c4
File 133713604981.png - (204.63KB , 700x700 , s3(2)-51(2).png )
412363

>Buy red glove

Alison challenges the gnoll to the duel! No glove scissors are used, and Alison is able to exchange blows and come out on top.

Alison uses absorb, and gains 153 CU!
>>
No. 412364 ID: c811c4
File 133713605977.png - (103.82KB , 700x700 , s3(2)-51(3).png )
412364

Alison gives the summation to the Bandit, but he asks to know everything. Every bit of CU that the Chief got, and how everything went down in detail. Alison can't immediately think of a reason to hide anything.
>>
No. 412365 ID: 886a4d

He most likely has a way to steal from the dead. Tell him. Ask im what he intends to do.
>>
No. 412366 ID: 431fa8

>>412364
Ask him why it's important to him to know.
>>
No. 412367 ID: a2fa74

>>412365
Agreed.

Also:
Lets cut a deal with Chief when we kill him. We offer to bring him back later if he lets us absorb him. State our desire to bring back the friends he absorbed outweighs our personal dislike.
Mention we can divvy the CU up amongst his people if he wants; this isn't about power.
>>
No. 412368 ID: 5029d1

sure explain it. i doubt a thief can keep their hands off such a juicy prize.
>>
No. 412369 ID: fdad59

Ask him why he wants to know it in such detail. Give the detail to him anyway, even if he doesn't say.
>>
No. 412370 ID: b0d466

Hide nothing. Recap in detail.
>>
No. 412371 ID: 886a4d

Also say to both groups of ex-Chief followers that they are welcome to leave now. Nothing is holding them back and Allison will make sure Chief will not follow.
>>
No. 412372 ID: 61e7f9

"We'll tell you when we all get out of here."

"The group formerly known as Gnoll's group. You are free to do whatever you want too. You can join up with us or leave now."
>>
No. 412373 ID: f7ae22

Get Catblob to scan for the four newcomers' stats.
>>
No. 412374 ID: 886a4d

Ressurecting someone with 9k total CU is a loooooooooooong way away.
>>
No. 412375 ID: b0d466

>>412367
Why would we bring this guy back? If at all, not until MUCH MUCH later, when the amount of CU to revive him is a pittance.
>>
No. 412378 ID: 886a4d

>>412373
I forgot we still had a scanner.

Heres something important to ask... find out if anyone has seen the rest of our friends. Include Sword and Shield. Its getting a bit late and I`m worried.
>>
No. 412385 ID: b85f8c

>>412364
That request for detail must have SOME motive behind it, and we're not allied with the bandit or anything... ask why he wants to know so much detail.

Personally I think if he does have some manner of stealing CU from those in the midst of respawning, we should let him do it! Even if he doesn't give us most of it. His goal of evening out the playing field is not directly counter to our own of trying to bring as many people through the competition as possible.
>>
No. 412387 ID: c811c4
File 133713739355.png - (86.95KB , 700x700 , s3(2)-51(4).png )
412387

Catblob can scan, but it takes him a full 5 CU, and he has no bonuses, so he can only see 2 random stats, their items, or all non standard abilities each scan.

>Ask if anyone has seen Alison's other friends
No one has.

>Ask why Bandit wants to know, and what his intentions are. Tell Bandit everything.

The Bandit says he's been having to think about what he's trying to do. Evening odds is getting harder and harder.

He listens intently. He says, however, that he has no way to steal from the dead. And if the Chief is as powerful as Alison says, then there's no way that he can make things fair anymore. It's beyond his power. There must be others like Chief out there, and Bandit isn't sure that he wants to go up against them.

He looks down in thought for one more moment. Then he says that he thinks he's given up. Chief isn't too bad for people who have joined him, at least until stage exits, but the Bandit thinks he can hold himself in high enough esteem with the Chief to bypass that. He apologises to Alison and will consider her an enemy.
>>
No. 412391 ID: 886a4d

Nod, Apoligize that it came to this. Give Catblob 25 CU to do a full scan on Bandit.
>>
No. 412392 ID: b0d466

;n;

Don't give up yet, Bandit

We still haven't reached the end of the stage

and people respawn with one hit-point :3c
>>
No. 412395 ID: 09e5bf

>>412392
It's not just about Chief for him. it's about the next Chief. That there are now people out there with CU that has almost 5 digits, against people who have barely cleared 500.
>>
No. 412396 ID: 5029d1

"it doesn't matter how much you do for him. you ever come accross a door that says 1, he will kill you."
>>
No. 412397 ID: fdad59

Say that if Bandit thinks Chief'll have any use for anybody else after this level, then so be it. You're sorry it came out this way.

Perhaps you can tell Bandit that you suspect there might be other ways to even things up. Like exploiting the world's mechanics, as Chief did with that self-absorption.

Hand Catblob the CU to do a complete scan on Bandit, special abilities first.
>>
No. 412398 ID: 431fa8

>>412387
So if Bandit can't make his goal, he defaults to mere survival at any cost, even when the odds of even achieving that are low? We thought he was better than that. He had an ideal, and it might not have been ours but it was something and he stuck to it. That was worthy of admiration and respect. To give it up makes him nothing but a wretch.

Fine, then. Die to us now in ignominy, or die next round in when he's crushed and harvested for the pittance of CU that they'll wring from his fading corpse. Either way, die in shame, knowing that he cast aside that which made him stand out as someone worth something in favor of being a faceless sniveling bootlicker fed scraps by the powerful.
>>
No. 412399 ID: e3f578

>>412387
Bandit, what about the endgame? There will likely be less and less exits, and it'll probably mean there can only be one. If Chief is to go down, it has to be now. He'll end so many lives in a single snap. And if there can only be one, it'll be him! There's a good chance to even the odds, and all it takes is taking down Chief. You have the resurrect boon. If Chief ever got such a boon he wouldn't use it, ever. That's additional competition to worry about. You'd do it because you're an idealistic fool!

You also have a nice lady body. Chief doesn't at all! Come on, if you're THE classic bandit, you gotta schmooze the ladies!
>>
No. 412400 ID: ce15d1

Offer to Bandit that if the Chief is defeated, you will evenly distribute all the CU to everyone as fairly as possible, thus keeping it as far as he can manage, and if they all continue to work together in the next stage they can work together against any spikes as they have. Also explain that you do not even have a great power difference compared to other plays at all, Alsion's powers are scarcely above average and there is no chance that Alison can become another Chief if she spreads the CU acquired around! It can still be as fair as possible. If other groups are as imbalanced as the Chief's are, then they will be weaker as a whole outside of the leader. It is pretty apparent that one man powerhouses do not function too effectively against teamwork.
>>
No. 412401 ID: 04b86a

Ask him if he's aware that Chief might decide he doesn't need allies anymore next stage.

>full 5 CU
>>/questarch/1003235
>only costs her 2 CU to cast scan
Going by the price in the second safe area, shouldn't scan only cost 3 CU?
>>
No. 412403 ID: 886a4d

I think we NEED to become a powerhouse. Quite frankly eventually all that will be left will be people with super-high CU.
>>
No. 412405 ID: 886a4d

Should be four actually. But he might be charging 1 extra to gain something off of it.
>>
No. 412408 ID: b85f8c

>>412387
State that you have all but defeated Chief. If there are more people like Chief out there, there must be more people like you too. Why ally with Chief and make an enemy out of us? It doesn't make any sense. We have shown ourselves to be STRONGER due to how we've played this game. Cooperation is stronger than bullying or going solo.
>>
No. 412413 ID: 886a4d

Finally add in this. We have the resurrection boon. Our allies, as long as they are absorbed by us will always be able to come back. We'll find a way to further that from just the people we absorbed to the people THEY killed as well. Even if we have to break the foundations of the game to do it.
>>
No. 412415 ID: c811c4
File 133713998483.png - (33.36KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-52.png )
412415

>>412401
Scanner, at the time, had level 2 scan to decrease the cost. Catblob only has level 1.

Alison hands Catblob 20 CU to scan Bandit, to include all stats by scanning them twice. He has 12 body, 8 weapon and armor, unknown ranks in absorb, knockback and range, and glove scissors.

Alison says she is sorry to the bandit that it's come to this. Yet his principles were the only thing that set him apart from the rest, and now he's nothing more. She says she's nearly defeated chief, but Bandit says he wants Chief to live. At least he knows he has a place inside of Chief's crew, and he knows that if there's ever a door with 1 exit he will die, but he will take that change. It is a higher chance than not taking it. Bandit admits he would feel a lot better about his decision if the Chief looked, or acted, half as nice as Alison.

Alison thanks him for that sort of compliment, and says she also has resurrection. He says she is stretching for every bit of cards she can play, and that he's made up his mind.
>>
No. 412418 ID: ce15d1

dear bandit,
your gay
>>
No. 412422 ID: 886a4d

Take duelist and healer with you. The others should stay put. Head to the cross roads by going right.
>>
No. 412423 ID: c811c4
File 133714055615.png - (35.80KB , 1250x1000 , s3(2)-53.png )
412423

>Take Duelist and Healer, head right.

The Bandit moved back, he is in range.
>>
No. 412424 ID: 09e5bf

Bandit said who he's working for, start fightan.
>>
No. 412425 ID: 431fa8

>>412423
His die is cast. Attack him.
>>
No. 412426 ID: b0d466

Head to the dead end alone, attack duelist if he comes into range
>>
No. 412427 ID: 886a4d

Attack, he's probably going to use knockback though. Duelist should use protect on both of us.
>>
No. 412429 ID: b85f8c

Well, attack him obviously. Duelist knows what to do.
>>
No. 412430 ID: fdad59

Have Duelist protect you and Healer, and hair whip Bandit.
>>
No. 412432 ID: ce15d1

nerds get rekt, show him who is the ultimate digital monster
>>
No. 412437 ID: 57e7b0

While I hope he is doing this to lure out Chief by letting anyone hear him we cant count on that. But on the other hand I cant see him coming this close without a plan of some sort. He might have a trick up his sleeve we don't know about.
>>
No. 412439 ID: 886a4d

Battle plan:

Knockback level 1:

Duelist and Healer stay put every time Alison is knocked back... they should wait for her to rejoin them. This should allow us to wittle away Bandit easily. The entire group advances.

Knockback greater then one:

The rest of the group moves forward except for two people. They advance on him forcing him two steps away from Chiefs spawn point at all times or death. Every time someone can't take another hit from him they retreat to the spawn point to be healed by Healer and recup armor. The person recovered the most shall advance. Duelist should protect the weakest of the group.

Every knockbacked person should join the battle as fast as possible. If they are knocked far enough away we might be able to do a pincer.
>>
No. 412442 ID: ce15d1

hopefully your buds will back you up and finish the bandit off.
>>
No. 412443 ID: c811c4
File 133714170722.png - (107.14KB , 700x700 , s3(2)-53(2).png )
412443

Alison deals 8 damage to the Bandit!
The Bandit deals 0 damage to Alison the Duelist!
Alison is knocked back one tile!
Alison will end up with Iso and the others, but she will be able to move again from there as normal.

The Duelist apologizes, it looks like he can't protect against side effects from attacking, only damage, yet it is strange that the attack did 0 damage. Or so he was about to say, but the Bandit immediately interrupts the Duelist before he mentions the damage saying that Alison should head to the exit. That maybe if it's so important to her, then with a bit of luck there may be a puzzle of wits next time where CU won't matter in the least.
>>
No. 412444 ID: b0d466

Guys

I think the bandit is going to pull something

We should retreat with our friends...keep acting/be hurt by his decision, though.

(besides, the chief probably won't respawn while we're camping his site)
>>
No. 412448 ID: fdad59

...I think Bandit is trying to get us off Chief's spawn so Chief'll come back, and Bandit'll stab him in the back. Bandit couldn't say that out loud, but his actions look a little that way. I'm unsure if it'll work, though, but at least it'll free our group up while Bandit sits on Chief's spawn, and Chief doesn't respawn 'cause he sees what Bandit is trying to do.

Get Duelist and Healer to stack back up with you, and head out to the west. Say that for the sake of everyone, you hope Bandit is right.
>>
No. 412451 ID: 5029d1

bandit is lying through his teeth
he's gonna sac himself on chief. the last hope for his ideal. destroying the rich so the poor have a chance.

listen to him
>>
No. 412452 ID: b85f8c

I SEE. Bandit is telling us secretly that he is not planning on joining the Chief in reality.

Let's back off, and circle around the other way. Say that he's probably right that we could kill him in a puzzle room, and that we can't just stand here and wait forever for Chief to decide to respawn anyway. We were hoping to just wear down his hope but we can't risk losing anyone to Bandit like this... it's obvious that Bandit can just continuously hold us off while retreating and knocking back pursuers.
>>
No. 412454 ID: 61e7f9

>>412444
That's the plan. We camp the spawn point then leave with over 40 people. If he doesn't respawn he's trapped and dies. If he does respawn he is killed a second time by the spawncamper.

It is, as far as I can tell, a 100% he dies plan.
>>
No. 412458 ID: 04b86a

>>412443
Do it, but be sure to act like you don't want to do it. Maybe take a quick look at all of your present allies, first, to make it look like you're just doing it for them.
>>
No. 412459 ID: fdad59

Actually, regroup on Chief's spawn point, and don't move yet. You're going to have to make this look more convincing before Chief'll spawn back in. Sit there until something comes along that would get you to risk moving your group off that point.
>>
No. 412460 ID: 886a4d

Nod at Bandit. Say hes right, we'll just see more and more of Chief's allies as well as he most likely recruited at least 40. Have everyone gather at the center then start to head left.
>>
No. 412461 ID: 431fa8

>>412443
Even if Bandit is plotting something, we have friends who have yet to show up. If we leave before they're here, they'll be slaughtered by Chief's gang.
>>
No. 412465 ID: b85f8c

>>412454
We'd have to lure Blue somewhere that lets all 40 people leave at once, without letting Chief respawn unhindered. That might not be feasible.
>>
No. 412471 ID: fdad59

We can't just jump off and say "Oh, you're so right, Bandit. I'm going to completely give up, too!" Chief will spot that a mile away, and stay in limbo as long as Bandit is there. We have to play this so it looks like we have a big enough reason to leave this spot, and we don't have one yet. Stay put.
>>
No. 412473 ID: 886a4d

Wait for at least one more ally, then say that the rest are most likely all dead. We'll head left to regroup at the crossroads. Have Allison tag behind by one to protect the group should Chief decide to chase them and kill them. That will hopefully let her absorb him.
>>
No. 412474 ID: c811c4
File 133714347846.png