[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 521087)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39865 unique user posts. View catalog

File 137289854642.jpg - (66.03KB , 600x600 , coverart1.jpg )
521087 No. 521087 ID: f7d109

You are tired.

So damn tired.
Expand all images
>>
No. 521088 ID: 91c1b3

Can you not sleep?
>>
No. 521089 ID: f7d109
File 137289903482.jpg - (29.36KB , 800x417 , ch1p1.jpg )
521089

You can't stop moving; not to eat, not to rest, and most importantly not to sleep.

Every time you fall asleep, it gets closer, and things start to fall apart. Last time you fell asleep you ended up coughing up blood from screaming yourself raw all night.

So you don't stop moving. Now you're somewhere in the southwest, driving along a cracked, dusty highway.
>>
No. 521091 ID: f7d109
File 137289920854.jpg - (58.93KB , 600x600 , car interior1dale.jpg )
521091

Your name is Dale
Everything since you started running has been kind of hard to remember. You're not sure how many days its been since you last slept, but you feel like It is getting pretty close, so you keep driving.
>>
No. 521095 ID: 9ddf68

any rest stops near by where you could get some coffee, or even a gas station so you could pick up an energy drink and refuel your truck or would that still be a no no even if you just ran in payed for it and left?

oh and what are you running from anyways?
>>
No. 521096 ID: f7d109
File 137289987073.jpg - (41.89KB , 500x500 , dale yawn.jpg )
521096

You could Really use a pick me up at this point. Its getting hard to focus on the road.
>>
No. 521098 ID: bf54a8

you can't run forever dale, not trying to be mean, just the facts. eventually your body will just collapse. you need to find a way to beat it instead of just running.
>>
No. 521100 ID: f7d109
File 137290026859.jpg - (45.78KB , 500x500 , passenger seat.jpg )
521100

There looks like there might be some kind of buildings on the horizon, hopefully someplace hospitable.

You remember that you DO have something that might keep you awake till then in your messenger bag.
>>
No. 521101 ID: c31f72

If something is chasing you, it might be chasing someone else too. Try to find someone else being chased and join up with them, so you can sleep in shifts.
>>
No. 521104 ID: 9ddf68

what do you have in the bag that could help? in fact what do you have in the bag in general give us a full inventory check here.
>>
No. 521106 ID: cf49fc

>>521100
Drink a refreshing Coca Cola. Also, try and figure out why some kind of ethereal nightmare is pursuing you.
>>
No. 521107 ID: c23ab0

It isn't perchance a book on composting...?
>>
No. 521112 ID: ea4b0b
File 137290098212.png - (969B , 16x16 , bookofworms.png )
521112

Made you a favicon because this is looking really promising so far.
>>
No. 521116 ID: f7d109
File 137290139235.jpg - (20.47KB , 500x241 , inventory1.jpg )
521116

In your bag you have:

a change of clothes (you've been trying to keep them clean)
your toothbrush and deodorant
3x leeches for some reason. They seem to be thriving despite not eating anything. There aren't even holes in the vials.
About 1 gram of coke
and
The book
>>
No. 521117 ID: bf54a8

i'm guessing the reason you are keeping the book is it is following you?
>>
No. 521124 ID: 19b3c3

Geeze, that book don't look good.

You aware you have some kind of rune on your forehead, too?
>>
No. 521125 ID: 9ddf68

why do you have coke? well lets hope the police don't pull you over and with you being as tired as you are that is a good possibility. Still don't resort to the coke yet since the up coming buildings might give us something to us as well... you do have money on you right?
>>
No. 521128 ID: 9b57d3

>>521116
What the hell is that book?
>>
No. 521129 ID: ea4b0b

>>521116
If the coke is how you have been keeping yourself awake you kinda dicked yourself over pretty hard mate.
As bad as the dreams might be, the coke is only going to make them 100% worse due to the paranoia and damage to your mind that stuff is gonna cause, as well as the effects of the eventual withdrawl.
I can already tell we are gonna have to figure out how to wean you off the stuff, which is important to getting your mind sane enough to battle whatever dark powers have latched onto it.
>>
No. 521130 ID: c23ab0

Coke will keep you awake for a while. Better to get meth though. You'll stay up for weeks. And then probably die, but that's better than falling asleep, right?
>>
No. 521131 ID: 91c1b3

>>521116
Did you take those leaches from where/near you got the book? Also, what's the deal with that book? (where you got it, why you're keeping it, what you think it's all about)
>>
No. 521132 ID: e31ca1

Yeah, drugs will degrade you more, better chuck that refreshing coke unless you're already addicted. Or wait, maybe you can sell it.
>>
No. 521142 ID: f7d109
File 137290497219.jpg - (42.65KB , 431x460 , bookopened.jpg )
521142

>>>>521112
oh wow thanks!
>>521128
Its only 5 pages thick, but each page looks like its made of some kind of resin, each containing hundreds perfectly preserved flatworms. The outside feels like flesh and even the bindings feel like its been sewn together with roundworms.

The only thing you can remember about when you got it is that you were told to take it, and run

You're not even sure where this whole thing started.
>>
No. 521143 ID: f7d109
File 137290518792.jpg - (44.55KB , 500x500 , dale forehead.jpg )
521143

>>521124
What this?
Its some kind of wound. Its mostly healed at this point, even the stitches are hard to see. The center is worryingly soft.

You got it...
>>
No. 521144 ID: f7d109
File 137290528571.jpg - (51.48KB , 500x528 , foreheaddrill.jpg )
521144

...Somehow.

it hurts to think too hard about.
>>
No. 521145 ID: 9ddf68

... OK then before all of this crazy crap started happening what did you do before and did you have any hobbies or activities that some people might think of as strange?
>>
No. 521146 ID: 91c1b3

>>521144
[Goddamn that looks awesome!]

Are you running to anyplace or just away from whatever it is?
>>
No. 521152 ID: 35edd4

You, sir, need immediate medical attention for at least two reasons. Once you hit town get to the hospital.
>>
No. 521156 ID: f7d109
File 137290702808.jpg - (44.44KB , 500x500 , car interior1dale2.jpg )
521156

>>521129
>>521132
Probably a good idea, you don't remember ever touching the stuff before. You think you bought it one night out of desperation.

Speaking of which...
>>521125
Your bank account has got to be pretty tapped out at this point. You make a note to check the balance next time you get gas.
>>
No. 521157 ID: f7d109
File 137290709364.jpg - (43.51KB , 500x500 , dale sleep1.jpg )
521157

You make a note....
note to check

something....
>>
No. 521158 ID: f7d109
File 137290715933.jpg - (57.71KB , 631x500 , drifting.jpg )
521158

-------------Zzzzzzz----
>>
No. 521159 ID: 735f4f

Oh god wake up. Then pull over and rest somewhere if you manage not to crash horribly.
>>
No. 521160 ID: f7d109
File 137290762218.jpg - (91.52KB , 800x765 , truck crash.jpg )
521160

>>
No. 521161 ID: f7d109
File 137290778541.jpg - (45.99KB , 500x500 , truck2.jpg )
521161

>>
No. 521162 ID: 735f4f

Well I tried. You still alive in there?
>>
No. 521168 ID: 1d879d

If you still live, check yourself for injuries.
>>
No. 521169 ID: f7d109
File 137290965125.jpg - (16.97KB , 500x500 , darplace.jpg )
521169

You are in a very dark, and very old place...
>>
No. 521171 ID: 1d879d

Can you identify it?
>>
No. 521173 ID: 6cf6ae

How do you know it;s old?
>>
No. 521174 ID: c23ab0

Hide!
>>
No. 521177 ID: f7d109
File 137291087823.jpg - (12.96KB , 360x500 , darkplace2.jpg )
521177

>>521171
Its unfamiliar... but its vast, you must be outside. The air tastes stale though, like in a tomb.
>>
No. 521181 ID: f7d109
File 137291133274.jpg - (10.43KB , 221x500 , darkplace3.jpg )
521181

You have to be outside.

Look, some asshole even carved a "W" in the moon.

Wierd
>>
No. 521182 ID: bc3b41

I, uh, can't help but notice that it's turning towards you.... Are you sure that's the moon?
>>
No. 521186 ID: bf54a8

i think you should run from the moon
>>
No. 521187 ID: f7d109
File 137291171927.jpg - (7.92KB , 151x500 , darkplace4.jpg )
521187

You try to say something,

but your words won't work
>>
No. 521189 ID: ea4b0b

>>521181
that might be a mouth, though we cannot be certain it is a threat yet. I say you should try to hail at it.
>>
No. 521190 ID: 9ddf68

that ain't no moon

you might want to hide behind one of those trees or something because I have a feeling things are about to become very uncomfortable very quickly and if you can't hide then start running
>>
No. 521192 ID: f7d109
File 137291189817.jpg - (25.19KB , 242x800 , darkplace5.jpg )
521192

So you just scream.
>>
No. 521193 ID: 9ddf68

why is it always the forehead, why?

uhh, wake up
>>
No. 521194 ID: ea4b0b

>>521192
oh boy, this looks like some ptsd shit right here. Try to calm down, first off. It may hurt, but screaming might be what it wants. Try to get away if you can, not hide, just get out of its presence.
>>
No. 521204 ID: 19b3c3

>>521160
Let this be a lesson people. This is what happens when you don't do drugs.

>>521192
Wake up.
>>
No. 521207 ID: c23ab0

BESSEMER BABYSITTER CONVEX FISHER BEANBAGS
>>
No. 521218 ID: 3c11ce

>>521207
are you ok
>>
No. 521244 ID: b9d767

My bet is it just burrowed its way into your forehead. Here's hoping your new tenant pays rent.
>>
No. 521246 ID: 7e8516

Trepanning. Look it up. There's a belief that if you trepan a hole in someone's forehead, you'll awaken their psychic potential. Something like that is going on here.
>>
No. 521292 ID: f5e470

serves you right for putting hooks through them to use them as bait. ironic justice, yo. apologize to the worm god.
>>
No. 521333 ID: f7d109
File 137296257098.jpg - (76.42KB , 800x420 , crash1.jpg )
521333

>"Sir? Sir, can you hear me?"
>>
No. 521334 ID: 9ddf68

can you crawl out... and don't forget your backpack.
>>
No. 521335 ID: f7d109
File 137296276225.jpg - (68.03KB , 800x418 , crash2.jpg )
521335

>"looks like he's still alive, but he seems to be out of it."

>"Sir if you can hear me, we're going to get you out of here."
>>
No. 521336 ID: 19b3c3

Oh great. You're going to end up in a hospital for your injuries, and/or arrested for possession when they find the coke.

You're basically fucked now. You're going to be a sitting duck when whatever you were running from catches up with you.
>>
No. 521337 ID: f7d109
File 137296316517.jpg - (73.53KB , 800x437 , crash3.jpg )
521337

You are now Beth.
This is your 2nd year as an EMT out here with your partner Todd. Together you are responding to a report of an overturned vehicle spotted about 15 minutes out of town.

This is your 2nd day back on duty after 3 weeks of absence.
>>
No. 521338 ID: 9ddf68

why we're you gone for 3 weeks?

anyways before you remove the guy check his head to make sure he doesn't have any cuts or anything that might cause a concussion or something then try and pry the guy out.
>>
No. 521344 ID: f7d109
File 137296501379.jpg - (23.66KB , 251x600 , beth1.jpg )
521344

You've spent the last couple weeks dealing with the death of your Mother. The whole thing left your faith pretty shaken, even though it didn't exactly come as a surprise.

Now that you are back at work your resolve has strengthened. You focus more on doing your job and put the experience in the back of your mind until you can better cope with it.
>>
No. 521345 ID: 35edd4

Doing your job and helping people should be reassuring.

Speaking of which, be sure to inspect him for head injuries. Particularly in the forehead.
>>
No. 521348 ID: 91c1b3

First things first is to get him out of the car and check his vitals.
>>
No. 521350 ID: 19b3c3

All right. Well, time to do your job.

If the car is at risk of catching fire or something, your first priority is probably getting him out of it. If the car is safe/stable, you can be more careful in extricating and/or moving the patient. Your job is all about moving injured people to hospitals, but everyone knows moving someone can do more harm than good if you don't know what you're doing.
>>
No. 521351 ID: f7d109
File 137296645583.jpg - (17.55KB , 319x400 , todd1.jpg )
521351

>>521345
Its good to be doing something that feels important, rather than dealing with postmortem bureaucracy.

Todd is happy to have you back, and gives you a reassuring smile. He's pretty strong and always reliable, even if he can be kind of careless sometimes.
>"How's he look Bee?"
>>
No. 521352 ID: f5e470

see if he's stuck or can be gotten out of there manually. you might need the jaws of life for this.
>>
No. 521355 ID: 9ddf68

that vehicle is smoking a little more then I would like so we should probably get him out of the thing incase it decides to catch fire, once you get him out put him on the stretcher and see if he has any obvious injuries.
>>
No. 521360 ID: f7d109
File 137296844575.jpg - (64.54KB , 600x441 , crash5.jpg )
521360

Carefully you unbuckle him and pull him loose from the wreckage. Fortunately you don't need to wait for the fire dept to cut him free, he is pretty scrawny, and slides out easily. Hopefully you didn't just give him a spinal by moving him.

The driver doesn't look like he has any major fractures or dislocations, but there is some blood on his forehead. Its hard to tell how bad the injury is without cleaning it up.

The car is steaming and smells like the radiator spilled over the engine block rather than a gas fire.
>>
No. 521362 ID: 91c1b3

Alright, seems like it's safe to work for now. Use a cleaning/disinfecting wipe (I don't know ambulance inventories) on his head to see if it will be a problem. Have Todd get his bag while you work.
>>
No. 521363 ID: 19b3c3

Do a basic assessment, see how bad he is and if there's anything you need to do on site while loading him (carefully!) onto the gurney.
>>
No. 521365 ID: 9ddf68

I guess just clean him up a little then put him on the stretcher and then put him in the ambulance... Do paramedics normally grab anything from crash sites like what could be the victim's personal items or does someone else grab that stuff?
>>
No. 521376 ID: 2f4b71

Right, that's Danger and Response down, Now for Airway, Breathing and Circulation.
>>
No. 521378 ID: f7d109
File 137297156331.jpg - (45.94KB , 600x473 , stretcher1.jpg )
521378

You put the driver in a neck brace and Todd grabs a satchel from the passenger seat. If this guy isn't carrying any ID there might be something in there you can use to identify him.

Assuming it comes to that.

Together you load him onto a stretcher and haul him into the ambulance.
>>
No. 521381 ID: 19b3c3

All right, so are you driving, or riding in the back?

If you're the driver, make sure you've got the doors shut and your passengers secured, turn on the flashing lights, and let's go.

If you're riding in the back, start working on your patient. Start cleaning up that head wound, figuring out the extent of his injuries. You need to do what you can for him, and be ready to give report at the hospital so they can do what you can't.

How far out are you guys from the nearest hospital, anyways?
>>
No. 521384 ID: f5e470

clean his forehead while you drive.
>>
No. 521390 ID: c23ab0

What faith are you coming to question? What have you been putting faith in?
>>
No. 521396 ID: f7d109
File 137297624542.jpg - (66.18KB , 600x673 , ambulance interior1.jpg )
521396

You put the unidentified male into the ambulance and hops in beside him. Todd takes the wheel, hits the lights and puts his foot down, always his favorite part of the job.

>>521376
He's breathing fairly easily for someone who spent his morning upside-down and doesn't seem like he is in shock. However, his heart is racing and you can feel sweat soaking his fur when you take his pulse.

>>521390
You were raised Catholic.
Sort of.
Its complicated.
>>
No. 521398 ID: ee7df5

>>521396

Hmm. Is he on a hallucinogen or something that messes with his head? He should be awake.

That or he has a sizable concussion.
>>
No. 521399 ID: bf54a8

have anything that wakes people up?
>>
No. 521400 ID: f7d109
File 137297692082.jpg - (23.88KB , 434x300 , theresaholeinmyhead.jpg )
521400

You clean up his head a bit and find that the blood is coming from what looks like an existing injury. It has forced its way between several stitches and you have no idea how something like this would affect a concussion.
On the plus side, if his brain starts swelling, at least it has somewhere to go.
You tell Todd, he radios ahead that we are en route and that the patient has a "friggin hole in his head."
>"I swear, the crap you see on this job."

Since the patient seems stable do you...
Try and wake him up?
Look for ID on his person?
Look through his bag for ID?
Other medical assessment?

You're probably only 10 minutes from the hospital at the rate Todd drives, assuming there's no traffic.
>>
No. 521401 ID: f5e470

administer a sedative or something. however it is you medic guys calm people the fuck down and preventing them from getting cardiac arrests.
>>
No. 521402 ID: f5e470

prevent*
>>
No. 521410 ID: 2f4b71

Try and wake him up, at least alert enough to describe what pain he's in. Need to find any other injuries he has, e.g. broken bones, internal bleeding, etc.
>>
No. 521412 ID: c23ab0

Catholic, oh shit.
>>
No. 521416 ID: f7d109
File 137297843751.jpg - (18.92KB , 400x353 , epi-pen.jpg )
521416

Well... you DO have an Epi-pen, which is basically a huge shot of Adrenaline. Nothing like stabbing a huge needle into your leg and pumping yourself up with liquid FUCK YEAH to wake up.

Though this guy's pulse has you worried, you don't want to compound things by giving the guy a heart attack.
>>
No. 521418 ID: c23ab0

Woahh no not an epi-pen. You need to get that heart rate down. Got any diazepam?
>>
No. 521424 ID: 19b3c3

No no. Waking him up isn't critical, especially with something as risky as an epi-pen.

Continue medical examination, discover signs of extreme exhaustion. Maybe that's why he crashed? Fell asleep at the wheel?
>>
No. 521429 ID: f7d109
File 137298115168.jpg - (31.52KB , 400x445 , diaz.jpg )
521429

You've got some Diazepam on hand, which might stabilize his heart rate. You're worried about using this on someone who is already unconscious and you know nothing about, as it can compound reactions. Though if he's on meth, LSD or coke it would help in the case of an OD.

Keep in mind you don't have to do anything. Sometimes inaction is safer than action
>>
No. 521430 ID: bf54a8

well continue monitoring. if it gets any higher then give him some of that, but for now leave him alone.
>>
No. 521431 ID: ee7df5

Save it unless he starts convulsing, or his heart rate really skyrockets. Keep an eye on it.

Make sure his bag stays with him.
>>
No. 521440 ID: f0357f

Have you checked his temperature?
You should do that.

If she looks in his bag of stuff, she'll come in contact with The Book Of Worms, dooming the protag and transferring ownership to her.
>>
No. 521484 ID: 91c1b3

Do you have any ammonium carbonate? (smelling salts) It should be less shock to the system than an epipen. Try an overall physical test. (blood pressure and all that) See if there is any obvious reason(system wise) for him to pass out.
>>
No. 521489 ID: 933f92

So while we wait...

You and your partner, just friends?
>>
No. 521490 ID: a01b62

Take a look at his forehead.
>>
No. 521492 ID: 9ddf68

you could try shaking him awake or something but I guess this can just wait until we hit the hospital maybe see if he has an ID on his person
>>
No. 521548 ID: 32868f

>>521400
no drugs if you're unsure. try to wake him up then look for some ID.
>>
No. 521582 ID: f6b68e

shoot that shit all over his veins.
>>
No. 521593 ID: 888df6

>>521429
How about we don't be massively irresponsible and unprofessional and we just keep an eye on him, yeah?
>>
No. 521595 ID: 9b57d3

Look on his person for an ID. He's probably got a wallet.
>>
No. 521755 ID: f7d109
File 137306906501.jpg - (23.67KB , 297x500 , wallet.jpg )
521755

Inside one of the pockets of his cargo pants you find a wallet containing three cards. A Florida drivers license, a debit card, and a student ID from small community college all issued to one Dale Marks.

According to his license he is 23 years old and is an organ donor.
>>
No. 521756 ID: f7d109
File 137306918122.jpg - (56.72KB , 534x600 , ambulance interior2.jpg )
521756

THUD

"Damn it Todd!"

>"Sorry, its these old highways"

Woah what the hell is that?
>>
No. 521761 ID: bf54a8

something you want nothing to do with. use bag to scoop it back up.
>>
No. 521763 ID: 32868f

>>521756
go on. touch it. you know you want to. no one will know. so what if it's another man's private property. go on.
>>
No. 521765 ID: 19b3c3

Oh man. That's some creepy-ass book. Are those worms? Those are worms. Bag that or something, that ain't sanitary.

And hope that it's some messed up art project or entomology thing, and not some kind of messed up cult thing.
>>
No. 521766 ID: 9ddf68

not to sure but I'm getting a bad vibe form it.

Anyway you probably shouldn't touch it, that stuff is just weird.
>>
No. 521767 ID: f6b68e

you should be able to tell by looking at it for half a second that it is something you really don't want to get involved with. so fucking don't.
>>
No. 521777 ID: 5869f6

>>521763
*SLAP*
(the fuck man?)
Don't touch that thing with your hands, get some gloves. It looks pretty fucking weird.
I seriously consider picking it up in a Bio-disposal-or-whateverthefuckiscalled-bag.
Might have some weird-ass virus or something.
>>
No. 521778 ID: 933f92

>>521756
DO NOT TOUCH IT
>>
No. 521789 ID: 9b57d3

>>521756
It's a biohazard, is what it is. Treat it as such.
>>
No. 521796 ID: 45e46a

>>521789
Treating it like a biohazard is definitely the right approach to take here.
>>
No. 521797 ID: 735f4f

It looks like a biology sample book full of creepy flatworms. Creepy creepy flatworms. Carefully scoop it back into the bag without directly touching it.
>>
No. 521798 ID: e31ca1

Oh, ew. No way are you touching that thing, not when you have the proper equipment to avoid direct contact with it! It's probably nothing, but it's disgusting. No need to come into direct contact with it or anything!
>>
No. 521799 ID: f7d109
File 137307497436.jpg - (26.61KB , 500x500 , touch1.jpg )
521799

>>521767
>>521765
>>521766

What, its not like you're going to lick it or anything. Dealing with gross stuff is part of the job. Hell, one time you had to pull a guy out of a grease trap and hose him off. That was not a fun night.

Besides, you cant just leave it on the floor.
>>
No. 521800 ID: f7d109
File 137307508810.jpg - (25.40KB , 500x307 , touch2.jpg )
521800

As you reach towards it book, the surface shifts and dissipates like melting wax, exposing the surface of the organisms trapped within
>>
No. 521801 ID: f7d109
File 137307511032.jpg - (98.23KB , 800x800 , EAT.jpg )
521801

>>
No. 521802 ID: f7d109
File 137307512717.jpg - (69.03KB , 800x800 , DEVOUR.jpg )
521802

>>
No. 521803 ID: f7d109
File 137307514334.jpg - (71.61KB , 800x800 , CONSUME.jpg )
521803

>>
No. 521804 ID: f7d109
File 137307517122.jpg - (86.85KB , 800x800 , KA.jpg )
521804

>>
No. 521805 ID: f7d109
File 137307518476.jpg - (77.15KB , 800x800 , BOOM.jpg )
521805

>>
No. 521806 ID: f7d109
File 137307519919.jpg - (7.42KB , 500x500 , whiteout.jpg )
521806

>>
No. 521807 ID: f7d109
File 137307521124.jpg - (16.08KB , 600x600 , WTF1.jpg )
521807

>>
No. 521810 ID: f7d109
File 137307526199.jpg - (28.01KB , 600x600 , WTF2.jpg )
521810

the FUCK was THAT
>>
No. 521811 ID: bf54a8

wanna know a cool thing about flat worms? if a worm eats another worm the eater gains their memories.
>>
No. 521812 ID: 76b151

that is why you listen to the voices in your head when they say DON'T TOUCH.
>>
No. 521813 ID: 19b3c3

And that was why you shouldn't have touched the fucked up book of worms. Seriously, you needed someone to tell you touching that was a bad idea?

Bag it already. And why aren't you wearing gloves? You'd really think a medical professional would be wearing gloves at this point.
>>
No. 521814 ID: 9b57d3

>>521810
Tell Todd you just found something fucked up and occult or possessed or something. That you're gonna want to find someone who knows what the fuck it is.
>>
No. 521815 ID: 735f4f

Hey you ever watched a horror movie that starts by someone touching something they obviously should not have? I mean guy with creepy brain hole. A fleshy book made out of flatworms. Dark visions of teeth and horror.

Sure you will be fine.
>>
No. 521826 ID: 5869f6

I FUCKING TOLD YOU BRO.
NOT. TO. TOUCH. THE. FUCKING. BOOK.
AND WHAT DO YOU DO!?
TOUCH
THE
FUCKING
BOOK.

HOPE IT'S WORTH THE NIGHTMARES
>>
No. 521828 ID: f7d109
File 137307832044.jpg - (73.27KB , 600x673 , ambulance interior3.jpg )
521828

>"AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!"

Both: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!"
>>
No. 521829 ID: bf54a8

pull the straps tighter! tell todd to keep driving! give him a sleeper!
>>
No. 521832 ID: 91c1b3

>>521828
Well he's awake now. Tighten the straps and tell him that he's in an ambulance and needs to calm down. Try to calm him down without medicine first. If he really is in that much pain, something must be wrong and you need to find out what it is. Also; book of nightmares, why would you touch it.
>>
No. 521833 ID: 933f92

>>521828
TIGHTEN THE STRAAAAAAPS

(He did say that any sleep resulted in waking up like a rage zombie, so yeah, shoulda seen this coming)
>>
No. 521841 ID: 735f4f

Wait did your driver start screaming first? That's not a good sign.

Make sure you are not about to drive over a cliff then check on the patient. Try to get him calmed down and avoid getting bit or anything. If you cant might be time for the sedatives.
>>
No. 521842 ID: f7d109
File 137307992244.jpg - (48.17KB , 461x600 , PANICMODE.jpg )
521842

SHITOHFUCKGODDAMNIT! I'M-SORRYI-I'MSORRY!-I'M-SORRY!-I'M-SORRY!-I'M SORRY!"
>>
No. 521843 ID: 19b3c3

Stop screaming, and get to restraining and/or sedating your patient before he hurts himself! Or you. And glance at the drive to make sure he's just screaming cause screaming and not anything else.
>>
No. 521844 ID: 9ddf68

is he awake or just screaming in his sleep? if he's awake try and calm him down, if he's asleep then try and wake him up, and maybe make sure the straps are a bit tighter. also tell Todd to focus on the road, it won't do anybody any good if we all go in the ditch.
>>
No. 521845 ID: f7d109
File 137308010036.jpg - (47.48KB , 500x437 , tooddriving.jpg )
521845

>"Bee what's going on back there? Talk to me!"

"SHUT UP! JUST DRIVE TODD! I'M HANDLING IT!"
>>
No. 521848 ID: 735f4f

Hey calm down. This is not your fault. Take a few deep breaths and secure and stabilize your patient.

Get him calmed down and safe first and foremost.
>>
No. 521849 ID: 9ddf68

what are you sorry for exactly.

anyways calm the guy down or at least restrain him so he doesn't hurt himself. then tell Todd the guy just surprised you is all.
>>
No. 521851 ID: f7d109
File 137308188083.jpg - (40.87KB , 362x500 , dosing.jpg )
521851

>>521848
>>521849

Right! Focus,focus,focus,focus,focus.

BETH tapped into her powerful Resolve!
She is the calm center in the middle of crisis!
>>
No. 521855 ID: c23ab0

Kiss him you fool.
>>
No. 521856 ID: 9ddf68

so this stuff you're giving him, will it just calm him down or knock his ass out? cause if he's just going to calm down a bit you could try questioning him, like for example what the hell is up with that book? If it does knock him out however you could just talk to Todd about what just happened while you keep an eye on the guy to make sure he doesn't have any more surprises waiting for you.
>>
No. 521864 ID: bf54a8

>>521855
no

just dose him and see how he acts. is he awake?
>>
No. 521887 ID: f7d109
File 137308799640.jpg - (17.56KB , 217x400 , sedation.jpg )
521887

>>521856
You grabbed the Diazepam because you had it out earlier and give him a small dose. It shouldn't be enough to knock him out but hopefully it will keep him from hurting himself.

He's going to be pretty woozy afterwards though. He also may have some trouble recalling recent events.
>>
No. 521888 ID: f7d109
File 137308806996.jpg - (34.20KB , 446x400 , HUH.jpg )
521888

>Huh?
>>
No. 521889 ID: f7d109
File 137308809519.jpg - (40.93KB , 800x384 , incoming1.jpg )
521889

>"What-"
>>
No. 521890 ID: f7d109
File 137308812039.jpg - (49.87KB , 800x384 , incoming2.jpg )
521890

>-the-
>>
No. 521891 ID: f7d109
File 137308814052.jpg - (39.44KB , 800x384 , incoming3.jpg )
521891

>-HELL?"
>>
No. 521892 ID: f7d109
File 137308815551.jpg - (77.99KB , 800x384 , windshield1.jpg )
521892

>>
No. 521893 ID: f7d109
File 137308830571.jpg - (80.30KB , 800x800 , scene3.jpg )
521893

END OF CHAPTER 1
>>
No. 521900 ID: 9ddf68

I'm noticing a trend here.
>>
No. 521914 ID: 0006f5

yeah whats with all the drugs
>>
No. 521917 ID: bf54a8

if the secondary ambulance that comes to pic you up crashes too then i'm out.
>>
No. 521953 ID: c23ab0

Yeah, there's about no way to move the book now. If you're even still alive whatever that was can probably just pick it up right from here. So much for running.
>>
No. 521992 ID: 5869f6

Alright, now this is getting silly.
Next one crashes too.
I give up.
I just hope we can still help...

...

Fucking told her not to touch it. Goddamnit.
We can't let people get killed.
>>
No. 522000 ID: 83e3b1

raccoons are the black people of the furry horror genre? good to know.
>>
No. 522014 ID: 2f4b71

Good news is, we can follow the trail of the book via the line of upturned vehicles.
>>
No. 522021 ID: f7d109
File 137312916891.jpg - (68.96KB , 600x600 , chapter2.jpg )
522021

Discussion thread: http://www.tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/73168.html
>>
No. 522031 ID: f7d109
File 137313042307.jpg - (60.83KB , 717x600 , darkenedinterior1.jpg )
522031

Some time later
>>
No. 522034 ID: f7d109
File 137313059691.jpg - (68.36KB , 800x474 , scene3pt1.jpg )
522034

Beth crawls out of the wreckage and finds herself in a dried out riverbed.
>>
No. 522036 ID: 5869f6

Beth.
...
BETH!
C'mon, get up.
Don't just lay there, get up!
You can do it, c'mon.
>>
No. 522038 ID: f7d109
File 137313203371.jpg - (66.18KB , 600x589 , betharm.jpg )
522038

Beth gathers herself and gets up.

Oh. That's not right....
>>
No. 522043 ID: 19b3c3

All right. You arm is injured.

The question is if you have you deal with this on your own, if you have help, or if the others are worse of than you.

Look into the van, check on the patient and your partner. See what state they're in. And if the car still has a working radio, and if you can reach it, you need to call this in, get help coming.

Then you need to draw on your will, and see about doing something about your arm so you're in a position to help the others.
>>
No. 522047 ID: 35edd4

You're a trained expert and you have a bunch of medical supplies on hand (albeit in disarray). You can handle this. Get moving before shock sets in, check the others, call for help on the radio, and give treatment in order of urgency. Be sure to allow for the fact that treating your arm first will make you better able to treat the others.
>>
No. 522052 ID: f7d109
File 137313539451.jpg - (37.89KB , 354x600 , bethsling.jpg )
522052

You determine that your arm is dislocated and you have some minor bruises. You'll have to go get an X-ray soon to see if you have any hairline fractures.

fortunately there's no better wreck to be next to than a wrecked ambulance, medical supply-wise.

You grab a sling from the mess inside and supports your injured shoulder. Things could be a lot worse considering that you weren't secured when you crashed. Fortunately Todd wasn't driving too fast.

Oh god
Todd!
>>
No. 522054 ID: f7d109
File 137313564135.jpg - (45.81KB , 458x600 , driversseat.jpg )
522054

The driver's seat is empty and the windshield is a mess. Hopefully Todd is safe, maybe he's trying to care for the patient somewhere.
>>
No. 522055 ID: a01b62

He's dead, Jim. You need to find a weapon because he's probably a zombie or something worse now.
>>
No. 522056 ID: 35edd4

Is that blood on the steering wheel? Doesn't look good. Grab some bandages and other emergency trauma supplies and go try to find the others. Assuming you saw the back was empty while you were in there.
>>
No. 522057 ID: 35edd4

>>522056
But first, try the radio to call for help!
>>
No. 522059 ID: 5869f6

For god's sake, get on the radio before you try to find the others.
Don't make another horror-genre related cliche that will, In all likelihood get you brutally killed.
Please.
>>
No. 522061 ID: 9ddf68

wait if he wasn't going that fast then how the hell did he get ejected from the vehicle? Also what happened to Dale wasn't he in the vehicle as well, you did strap the guy down pretty good when he was freaking out.
>>
No. 522063 ID: 735f4f

Quickly check under the overpass to see if he is taking shelter over there. Then get on the radio and let people know whats up.
>>
No. 522066 ID: 450660

>>522054

Take stock of patient, and search immediate vicinity for signs of movement: footprints, drag marks, etc. Todd might have crawled off for all we know.

If you can and are close to town, I would recommend setting up flares. Also hail your dispatcher if possible (since I'm pretty sure ambulances have a radio).
>>
No. 522079 ID: f7d109
File 137313774264.jpg - (35.69KB , 284x600 , radiocheck1.jpg )
522079

You try and radio Todd several times with no response. Instead you signal dispatch and they say they'll get someone out there as soon as they can but all of their units are evacuating a retirement home that has a gas leak.

You grab your medkit and look around for Todd and this Marks guy.
>>
No. 522080 ID: f7d109
File 137313794563.jpg - (37.32KB , 318x400 , brace1.jpg )
522080

Your patient his things have disappeared, the only evidence of him you can find is the neck brace in a patch of tall grass.

You're amazed he can move at all after two car crashes and being doped. Still, you have some mace in your kit if he tries anything stupid.
>>
No. 522081 ID: f7d109
File 137313800565.jpg - (70.48KB , 800x581 , tallgrass1.jpg )
522081

Looks like he headed towards that strip mall.
>>
No. 522084 ID: 83e3b1

chase him!
>>
No. 522092 ID: 9ddf68

maybe Todd want after him or went there himself to get help besides it's not like we have anywhere better to go since help is a long whys off because of the gas leak and we really don't know just how badly hurt this guy is... plus if anything you can always call a cab to get yourself to the hospital to have your arm checked out.
>>
No. 522093 ID: 19b3c3

Assuming you grab the supplies you need from the ambulance first, you don't have anything better to do but follow. The patient may be a danger to themselves, or others. That's your responsibility.

And Tod may be with him. If you've been unable to locate him in the immediate area, you don't have a better place to look.
>>
No. 522096 ID: 35edd4

If you're leaving the crash site, be sure to advise dispatch so they know where to send help when it becomes available.
>>
No. 522101 ID: 5869f6

Advise dispatch about where you're going.
Then grab some supplies and find the others.
Keep the radio with you.
Don't let it go.
>>
No. 522106 ID: bc8d67

Ah, good, you crashed close to civilization and not all the fuckin' way out in the middle of the desert. That's something in your favor, at least.

May as well pursue your patient and see if Todd went after him. You probably don't want to wait around here in the heat anyway. Maybe you can bum a ride from somebody to the hospital if this Marks guy is nowhere to be found.

Call back to dispatch and inform them you're moving from the crash site to that strip mall to pursue your patient. Also inform them that your patient got up and walked away after being in two car crashes, while sedated, and is likely high up on something crazy strong. So if you don't check in in fifteen minutes they should call the police out here.

Do you have a cell phone on you? It'd be good to have if you need to contact anyone other than dispatch, or if your radio dies.
>>
No. 522118 ID: f7d109
File 137314207925.jpg - (47.42KB , 600x436 , tallgrass2.jpg )
522118

You let dispatch know the location of the crash and which direction you are heading and, Hitching your supplies onto your good shoulder, you set out.
>>
No. 522119 ID: f7d109
File 137314216678.jpg - (96.44KB , 800x672 , alley1.jpg )
522119

You are now Dale.
You feel like SHIT
Every part of your body is sore
You are so fucking nauseous.
You can't remember this morning.
You are in an alley.
>>
No. 522121 ID: 9ddf68

think you feel asleep and crashed your truck.

anyways you still have the book on you? guess you could find out where you are then try and figure out a way to get another set of wheels... and maybe some cash to help pay for food and gas.
>>
No. 522124 ID: 19b3c3

What do you have in your bag? Still got everything?
>>
No. 522126 ID: bf54a8

that you can't remember tells me something ba is happening to you. you have been awake too long and your body is failing. you need to figure out a way to sleep.
>>
No. 522139 ID: f7d109
File 137314421423.jpg - (36.11KB , 448x600 , breathe.jpg )
522139

Gotta focus. You remember getting out of that ambulance and you did manage to grab all of your stuff. You would have liked to have helped that girl, but were driven off the same unease that has been chasing you for so long now.

You breathe deeply and try to center yourself.
>>
No. 522147 ID: f7d109
File 137314450121.jpg - (32.46KB , 600x517 , HURL.jpg )
522147

"oh ffff-"
You fail to center yourself.
Damnit, you feel like your mind is gummed up with paste and your bones ache.
At least your stomach feels better now.
God, you just want to curl up in a dumpster and die.

Actually, that's not a bad idea.
>>
No. 522154 ID: 83e3b1

yes it is. don't you have some bullshit dreams like everybody else you want to pursue after all of this is over? you just gotta find a way to deal with all this. like someone who knows stuff or something. go to town, you'll need to fill your stomach now anyways.
>>
No. 522175 ID: 19b3c3

...but if you curl up and die, will they catch up to you again? Does death work like sleep? You can't take that chance. Got to keep moving.

Was the girl the only one you saw at the crash?
>>
No. 522179 ID: f595d3

>>521811
that study has been discredited, yet the worms remain creepy.

Hay Dale, youre eyes looking a little... black there..
also stay conscious at all costs, passing out in your condition is simply asking to never wake up.


[[[[Love your artwork by the way :) ]]]
>>
No. 522182 ID: bc8d67

But then It will catch up with you, and do you really want to bet that even death will stop it from getting you? No, you have to keep going. You have to find a way to escape.

Find some water, or maybe something like Gatoraid, to drink, since food would most likely just come right back up at the moment. Then maybe you can think straight enough to figure out a way to get a vehicle, or even just a ride out of here.
>>
No. 522201 ID: 933f92

>>522182
Gatoraid would likely be a good choice - you need fluids and electrolytes and all that good shit.
>>
No. 522207 ID: f7d109
File 137315140861.jpg - (30.01KB , 540x400 , mmmfood.jpg )
522207

Right, can't just give up after you've run this far.
Man, some food would be awesome, anything to fill up your stomach.
>>
No. 522208 ID: f7d109
File 137315145074.jpg - (60.81KB , 600x441 , hmmm.jpg )
522208

Hmm, it looks like there's a convenience store at the end of the alley, also there's an open loading dock that looks like it belongs to a small supermarket.
Everything else looks like retail, unlikely to have anything substantial.

Did a radio just crackle?
>"Todd you there? come in Todd"
>>
No. 522211 ID: c23ab0

>>522208

Flip out! Trepanned guy behind you! The mouth got him!
>>
No. 522213 ID: 5869f6

>>522208
Oh,SHIT.
Turn around, NOW
(Oh, this ain't good. Possession?)
>>
No. 522216 ID: 19b3c3

Uh, there's someone there? Turn around. Be ready to run or flip out, as necessary.
>>
No. 522222 ID: c23ab0

Don't turn around! Just fucking run!
>>
No. 522233 ID: f7d109
File 137315577326.jpg - (59.06KB , 600x547 , FUCKINGRUN.jpg )
522233

The same paranoia that propelled you cross-country sends you racing down the alley without a backwards glance.
You tear-ass towards loading dock you eyed earlier.
>>
No. 522234 ID: f7d109
File 137315579804.jpg - (83.18KB , 800x800 , dock1.jpg )
522234

You dive through the shutter into a concrete room containing boxes of canned food and a young man enjoying a joint away from his supervisor.
>>
No. 522235 ID: a01b62

Inform him to run for his life, then sprint past him.
>>
No. 522236 ID: c23ab0

Run for your life and for god sakes cover your forehead!
>>
No. 522237 ID: 19b3c3

Grab that robe, slam that shutter and stammer out

Crazynutjobrightbehindmegetthehelloutofhere

Before taking off running. Hope that the dope-head listens to you, for his sake.
>>
No. 522241 ID: 30a140

Shut the door behind you and just say some creepy mother fucker was chasing you a second ago
>>
No. 522242 ID: bf54a8

close da shutta
>>
No. 522251 ID: 9b57d3

>>522234
Close the shutter! Also get a look at your pursuer when you do so.
>>
No. 522254 ID: f7d109
File 137316264144.jpg - (68.80KB , 600x600 , dock2.jpg )
522254

You throw yourself at the shutter chain and haul it closed but unfortunately don't get a good look at whatever is chasing you.

>"Whoa man, you OK? Whats going on?"
>>
No. 522255 ID: f7d109
File 137316268422.jpg - (54.12KB , 600x600 , dock3.jpg )
522255

You try to explain and catch your breath but your body decides the best way to introduce yourself is by dry heaving all over the place.

>"WHOA WHOA NOT ON THE FLOOR! Let me get you some water or something!"

Fortunately there is nothing left in your stomach.
>>
No. 522256 ID: f7d109
File 137316271852.jpg - (63.35KB , 500x513 , RAWR.jpg )
522256

WHAM!
WHAM!
WHAM!
WHAM!
>>
No. 522257 ID: 32868f

>>522255
tell him to forget that and make a run for it
>>
No. 522258 ID: f7d109
File 137316277334.jpg - (61.81KB , 600x600 , dock4.jpg )
522258

>"Oh god! its started hasn't it!"
"What's started?
>"Only the fucking zombie apocalypse!"

You aren't entirely prepared to rule out that possibility.

"Mmmmmmayyybe.."
>"Fucking CALLED IT!"
>>
No. 522259 ID: bf54a8

"weapon! ANYTHING! he's gonna kill us!"
>>
No. 522260 ID: 19b3c3

Yeah, c'mon, we gotta get out of here. You know the way?
>>
No. 522261 ID: 9b57d3

>>522258
He's gonna go around to the front of the store now. We need weapons, AND we need to warn whoever else is in the store.
>>
No. 522263 ID: 5869f6

>>522258
For god's sakes kid, call 911 and get your fucking supervisor.

HAUL ASS BEFORE HE GETS THROUGH
>>
No. 522269 ID: f7d109
File 137316590838.jpg - (23.12KB , 500x248 , peek.jpg )
522269

You risk a peek at the "zombie" through a newly bashed hole in the shutter.
>>
No. 522270 ID: f7d109
File 137316592320.jpg - (61.33KB , 500x514 , sillouette.jpg )
522270

>>
No. 522271 ID: f7d109
File 137316599183.jpg - (41.58KB , 500x428 , crobarz.jpg )
522271

The rather enthusiastic young man, who introduces himself as Jeff, pulls a crowbar and a flatbar out of a pile shipping pallets he was planning on breaking down.
>>
No. 522272 ID: 933f92

>>522271
Take the crowbar. Those things are FUCKING HANDY. Not even in a fight. Tell the guy that these are like 'rage zombies', but with more intellect. Uninhibited strength, unknown vectors, and very, very dangerous to you. Tell him to leave the area immediately, avoid sleep for a few days, and lay low. Then thank him and leave.
>>
No. 522273 ID: c23ab0

God damnit Jeff.
>>
No. 522275 ID: 19b3c3

Don't get all trigger happy, Jeff. We don't want to get close to this guy if we don't have to.
>>
No. 522276 ID: bc8d67

Accept the crowbar, but say that gettin' in close with that thing'll be suicide; It's like the zombie equivalent of a fuckin' Terminator, and it's out for your ass. What you need right now is a vehicle to get away in, or if it comes to it to run that thing down and hope that's enough to stop it.

But any which way it goes, you can't stay back here. That thing'll come 'round the front to get at us, and we'd be trapped back here. Gotta move up, quick.
>>
No. 522279 ID: a01b62

We don't actually know that it has superhuman strength; anyone in decent shape can put a bunch of dents in a shutter with a tire iron. Best to stay away from it anyway, though.
>>
No. 522286 ID: 9ddf68

well it's bleeding at the eyes so if Jeff insist that we fight the thing tell him it could be infectious even without being bit so we should probably just leave and call the cops, just don't use the word zombie, say something like some sick looking guy is swinging a pipe around and looks like he's trying to hurt people. Or something along those lines.
>>
No. 522294 ID: 35edd4

>>522286
Calling the cops is the reasonable thing to do here.

Which probably means it'll just fuck things up even worse, but we should at least give reasonable a few chances before resigning ourselves to genre cliches.
>>
No. 522304 ID: c23ab0

Tell him to stop joking around. Get something to protect his head. Hide. It's after you (the book, but don't say that), but it will kill him to get to you. Look directly in his eyes while you say so. Trust me that will be very effective.

Then leave the guy to his fate. You've got a vehicle to acquire. Steal a car, or a boat, then just make tracks.
>>
No. 522345 ID: f7d109
File 137320018804.jpg - (43.73KB , 600x502 , jeffplan.jpg )
522345

Before you can stop him, Jeff starts describing a rather elaborate contingency plan that he has assembled. It involves fleeing to his fathers place on the Indian reservation, pulling up stakes, and setting up a nigh impenetrable mesa-top fortress while civilization burns in the distance. He hopes to then lead a simple, peaceful life with his friends and family, interspersed with occasional raids into zombie territory and fending off ravaging warlords from high atop his mountain citadel. You can tell he's put a lot of something into this plan, but you hesitate to call it thought.
>>
No. 522346 ID: f7d109
File 137320031719.jpg - (42.02KB , 470x600 , floorplan.jpg )
522346

But as for getting out of the building, he explains that now that the shutter is broken the only exits are the main entrance and two fire doors; one of which goes into an alley, the other a parking lot and both are rigged to sound an alarm when opened. You don't know where your attacker went, but you can't see him from the shutter. You tell Jeff to call the police and tell them that there is a madman roaming the area, and to try not to mention the word "zombie".
>>
No. 522348 ID: ea4b0b

>>522346
What about windows or rooftop access hatches? we want to avoid those alarms if at ALL possible.
As for how to explain the deets of this situation to bossman, tell him some freaky dude with bleeding eyes just tried to bash yo head in with a crowbar, should get the point across.
>>
No. 522350 ID: 5869f6

>>522294
Calling the cops may fuck things up a bit, but i'd be nice to have a few meatsheilds between you and the possessed.
We're here make sure DALE lives.
And, by extention, maybe BETH too.
>>
No. 522351 ID: 5869f6

>>522345
(Also, I can't belive it, a mesa-top fortress? Brilliant!)
(Why hasn't anyone thought of it before!?)
>>
No. 522376 ID: 9ddf68

well if we have to take one I say the front doors mostly because we are running from a freaking horror not a freaking hitman or the police so we can mingle with crowds without to much worry and plus this is a grocery store the front doors on these things are made of glass so you can actually see through them so if anything nasty is waiting outside of them we could get a little forewarning and simple change direction.
>>
No. 522399 ID: c23ab0

>>522351

The Puebloans thought of it back in 1190 or so. But the point is this isn't a zombie outbreak. That's just total fantasy. This is a nightmare head eating monster worm lolcat mouth thing. Let's be realistic here!
>>
No. 522448 ID: f7d109
File 137323536695.jpg - (45.20KB , 500x420 , dash!.jpg )
522448

You borrow the crowbar,leave Jeff to contemplate his future career as a professional zombie killer and make a break for the front door.
Since the police are now getting involved, and getting arrested might complicate the whole running like hell plan, you decide to ditch subtlety and put as much distance as you can between you and the store as fast as possible.
>>
No. 522449 ID: f7d109
File 137323538296.jpg - (48.24KB , 517x500 , Exit1.jpg )
522449

BOOYA!
>>
No. 522451 ID: f7d109
File 137323540181.jpg - (35.62KB , 517x500 , Exit2.jpg )
522451

"RAAAAAWR!"
>>
No. 522452 ID: f7d109
File 137323541643.jpg - (33.86KB , 517x500 , Exit3.jpg )
522452

>HISSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
No. 522453 ID: f7d109
File 137323544184.jpg - (40.23KB , 517x500 , Exit4.jpg )
522453

"AAAAARGGGGHGHHHHFUCKINGSHITBALLS"
>>
No. 522454 ID: f7d109
File 137323546524.jpg - (54.04KB , 460x700 , bethspray.jpg )
522454

>"Guess what? I just got a call from dispatch to be on the look out for a dangerous lunatic, and just look who decides to decides to show up brandishing a crowbar?"
>>
No. 522455 ID: f7d109
File 137323548844.jpg - (104.77KB , 800x800 , ITSINMYBRAIN.jpg )
522455

"GAAAAAAAGGRRRGHHHHHGGGGGGGGARRGHHHH"

"OH GOD ITS IN MY BRAIN MY FUCKING BRAIN IS ON FIRE
>>
No. 522456 ID: f7d109
File 137323551739.jpg - (41.19KB , 500x500 , passingout.jpg )
522456

Your overtaxed brain crashes and decides a hard reset is in order.
>>
No. 522457 ID: f7d109
File 137323553561.jpg - (13.07KB , 400x305 , eyeclosed.jpg )
522457

>>
No. 522458 ID: f7d109
File 137323554408.jpg - (19.58KB , 400x333 , eyeopen.jpg )
522458

>>
No. 522459 ID: f7d109
File 137323556830.jpg - (38.98KB , 500x395 , asleep in church.jpg )
522459

You wake up in church, oh god you slept right through the service.
>>
No. 522461 ID: f7d109
File 137323564109.jpg - (39.79KB , 500x500 , shoulder1.jpg )
522461

Its always so boring though, its like its designed to put you to sleep.
A hand falls upon your shoulder.

>Too bad, you missed the sermon for today. You would have found it interesting.
>>
No. 522462 ID: f7d109
File 137323566484.jpg - (113.40KB , 638x800 , antag1.jpg )
522462

>It was about speaking in tongues
>>
No. 522464 ID: bf54a8

fuck shit hell, jump back.
>>
No. 522468 ID: 5fd94e

Shit, dream sequence. Don't think we will be able to get away.
>>
No. 522474 ID: 735f4f

I would say something about how you could have looked out the glass door carefully and not run through screaming like a idiot but going without sleep for days sort of excuses you.
>>
No. 522481 ID: 19b3c3

>our own overplanning lead to one PC ambushing the other
Oh gods, I can't stop laughing.

>>522462
...dream. Nowhere to run. *Glup*.

Who are you? What are you? What do you want?
>>
No. 522508 ID: f5680f

>>522462
Ask it to please not jab its tongue through your head.
>>
No. 522509 ID: 5869f6

>>522462
AFUGHSSAUJJFKSG
OH GOD NO
NONONONPBADBADGOAWAYNONO
OHPLEASEGODNONONOPLEASENO
WAKEUPWAKEUPWAKEUPNONONO
GOAWAYGOAWAYNNONOPLEASENO
PLEASEGODHELPUS
>>
No. 522535 ID: f7d109
File 137324317045.jpg - (38.99KB , 500x405 , bleedingeyes1.jpg )
522535

>>522481
> We have had MANY names, "Un-speaker, Thief-of-Meaning, Anti-Word."
>>
No. 522536 ID: f7d109
File 137324320063.jpg - (119.14KB , 700x700 , RADULA.jpg )
522536

>>522481

> But I am Radula,
>>
No. 522537 ID: f7d109
File 137324323254.jpg - (41.08KB , 303x600 , wake up.jpg )
522537

>and I want to wake up
>>
No. 522540 ID: bf54a8

counter attack! grab it with your hand and then bite through the part holding it, yes, bite his fucking tongue off!
>>
No. 522541 ID: f5680f

>>522537
Ask it to please not shove that into your eye. Ask it what it wants you to do.
>>
No. 522542 ID: 35edd4

>>522540
This. Fuck running away. Put those canine jaw muscles to work.
>>
No. 522546 ID: 19b3c3

>and I want to wake up
...and what the hell does that have to do with me?
>>
No. 522604 ID: 9ddf68

>>522537
what does that have to do with me?

back away just a little so it can't claw your eyes out
>>
No. 522609 ID: f0357f

>>522546
>>522604
Clearly "Radula" is hosted partially within the magical bindings of 'The Book Of Worms', but Radula is partially hosted within the universal subconcious/etherspace.

This combinatino allows him some powers within the proximity of The Book, but only in reaction to interaction with the book.

"Radula" was unable to pinpoint the protagonist on the ether-side of reality, until somebody touched the book and allowed their mind to light up like a fucking beacon!
>>
No. 522770 ID: 2f4b71

>>522536
>something big in the background
>guy named after feeding mouthparts
>wants to awaken
There is nothing about this that can constitute a good thing.
>>
No. 522772 ID: c23ab0

Wake up!

And/or scrunch your eyes shut.
>>
No. 522809 ID: f7d109
File 137331350565.jpg - (68.68KB , 600x510 , BITE.jpg )
522809

Desperately you seize the "claw" and fight to keep it from gouging into your eye. You turn your attention to the muscular tentacle it is attached to it and sink your teeth deep into the flesh. You are rewarded with a gush of foul tasting venom pouring from the wound, splattering the inside of your mouth.
>>
No. 522810 ID: f7d109
File 137331352881.jpg - (80.55KB , 600x600 , trippinballs.jpg )
522810

Your tongue goes numb, your muscles spasm, your consciousness struggles, you fall apart, lose your self, you become...
>>
No. 522812 ID: f7d109
File 137331357536.jpg - (102.64KB , 546x600 , bookshelf.jpg )
522812

You become a bookshelf: its contents, pulsating memories trapped within flesh...
>>
No. 522814 ID: f7d109
File 137331360029.jpg - (128.94KB , 600x600 , library.jpg )
522814

You become a Library: an impossible city constructed of nightmare literature, its isles choked with secrets...
>>
No. 522819 ID: f7d109
File 137331383716.jpg - (66.84KB , 600x600 , slumbering.jpg )
522819

You become something even more vast: its torpid form an aberration from before the light of creation.
You become its will, its hand without self, its hunger..
>>
No. 522820 ID: f7d109
File 137331385460.jpg - (49.79KB , 500x445 , wetdale1.jpg )
522820

You feel something again and reclaim awareness.

You are Dale.
You sputter into consciousness.
You are wet.
You are on the floor.
You are having a bad day
>>
No. 522821 ID: f7d109
File 137331386716.jpg - (71.15KB , 600x600 , thesetwo.jpg )
522821

Oh good, these two.
They explain that Jeff heard you screaming and ran to help. He's explained that "No, he's the one that told me to call the police and not the lunatic."
The EMT apologizes for macing you and offers you the rest of the bottled water.
>>
No. 522822 ID: c23ab0

Could you get like, a bandaid for your forehead or something? EMTs have those right? You really don't want mace getting uh, in there again.

Oh also you're being chased by the librarian from hell because your book is overdue or something.
>>
No. 522826 ID: 19b3c3

So... did we get any information by having our consciousness subsumed by the immense library before existence mind of the elder horror-thing chasing you? Remember anything at all that might be useful?

Take the water. Who knows when you last had anything to drink.

Wait, how long were you out? Where's the other guy? The one who was chasing you? Did he get in?
>>
No. 522829 ID: bf54a8

>>522822
yeah i noticed that bookshelf was stuffed, except for one spot. one book is missing, yours.
>>
No. 522833 ID: 35edd4

>>522822
>Oh also you're being chased by the librarian from hell because your book is overdue
Suddenly everything makes sense!

Let's mark down that dream sequence as a win. Instead of being mutilated by eldritch horrors we tripped balls! Pretty good trade. We also affirmed that we can hurt them, though next time a more suitable weapon might be nice.
>>
No. 522835 ID: 35edd4

Oh, and now that there's an EMT handy ask her to take a look at your forehead.
>>
No. 522836 ID: f5680f

>>522821
"That really hurt, you know."

Also, describe your dream. They need to know. While doing so, look around and listen for your pursuer. You've been in one place long enough for him to be quite nearby. Oh, may as well tell her the crazy guy's name is Todd.
>>
No. 522841 ID: f5680f

...!

I just realized. Someone drilled a hole in your forehead to SAVE you. Todd needs the same treatment.
>>
No. 522843 ID: 9ddf68

"lady I'm pretty sure I'm being chased and I'm not totally sure it's by a person, I had a hole drilled into my skull and don't even remember how, every time I go to sleep I have night terrors that are steadily getting worse and has gotten to the point where I find it is healthier for me to be constantly sleep deprived then to be asleep, and have been in not 1 but 2 car accidents today alone. Truth be told I would have been more worried if I was able to leave this store with nothing bad happening to me."

anyway take the water since you haven't really had anything to drink for a while and ask if anyone has seen anyone other then you carry a crowbar/pipe/tire iron walking around as you would like to avoid him.
>>
No. 522858 ID: 57a559

You're kind of a lunatic too, but only because your panicked and haven't had any sleep for weeks because of horrifying nightmares and just want to get far away with a book some guy told you to take a run and it seems like the best idea at the time.

She touched the spooky book, didn't she? Spooky things happened to her friend and he's gone mad you guess. Shit's spooky. Do you trust at least spooky shit is happening? Not crazy here, that books spooky and the thing on your forehead is spooky. Everybody should just try running. Not Jeff though, he should stay with the cops to explain the situation since he called. Bunny, she might want to use that Mace on her paramedic friend to incapacitate him so the police don't have to shoot him. He might be okay if you keep him in straps at an asylum for a while, or a long while.
>>
No. 522865 ID: a26643

Demand more compensation and threaten to sue for harming a civilian. EMTs hate that shit.

Tell her a raccoon cop guy is the maniac.
>>
No. 522868 ID: bc8d67

Ask for some help to your feet, accept the water with a hurried "thanks," and chug it back as fast as you can without hurling again; Shame it isn't Gatorade. Glance around and note the location of the crowbar so you'll know where to dive for it later (you don't want to grab it right now and end up getting another shot of mace.) Then look out the front windows of the store and keep looking out of them for trouble while you talk.

Quickly describe the guy who bashed in the loading dock shutters as best you can from what you glimpsed, and that you heard a radio on him say "Todd, you there? Come in Todd?" Then realize that the voice on the radio is the same as this gal, and that he had the same patch on his shirt sleeve as her, and ask if he was in the ambulance too. ...Don't say this, but you think he might have touched The Book.
>>
No. 522880 ID: b9d767

You ate part of an eldritch horror, momentarily gained cosmic knowledge, and BECAME it for a fleeting moment.

This is either good or very, very bad.
>>
No. 522904 ID: f05efa

Hey guys, let's NOT tell them about our crazy dreams about how we're a fucking crazy person. Dale needs to run, not to be institutionalized. And regardless of the truth of his statements, they won't believe him.

Telling them about the crazy dude chasing you around with a crowbar is fine, and Jim can at least back you up on that.
>>
No. 522921 ID: 91c1b3

Just off handily mention something about a goddamn book of nightmares. Then tell her that the lunatic is still out there. He's a raccoon and seems to be bleeding from his eyes. He's got a tire iron.
>>
No. 522923 ID: f7d109
File 137333119958.jpg - (62.55KB , 600x460 , water1.jpg )
522923

You accept the water and finish it off. You explain that you were attacked by someone with a radio, a striped tail and a patch on his shoulder like hers.
>"That's my partner, Todd! Do you know where he went? I've got to help him!"

You tell her you don't know where he went, but he may be extremely dangerous now and was carrying a tire iron.
>"Well, I can't sit around and wait for the police to gun him down, I have to find him, maybe we can stop him."
>>
No. 522924 ID: f7d109
File 137333123593.jpg - (39.76KB , 500x417 , youvegotathing.jpg )
522924

Jeff gives you a hand up and explains that you've only been out for a few minutes.
>"Also, you've got like, a thing, on your head"
"Yeah I know, thanks."
>"Cool, just checking."

You try to explain, without making yourself sound like crazy that it is very important that you don't fall asleep, and that if you fall unconscious again to please please please wake you up immediately.
"Its hard to explain, but I have this... thing... that puts me in danger every time I pass out."
>>
No. 522925 ID: f7d109
File 137333128025.jpg - (34.83KB , 500x391 , thatswierd.jpg )
522925

>"What the book?"

She explains how she found the Book of Worms
>"and when I touched it, I saw something horrible, some kind of lights being swallowed up by darkness. And then, when they were almost gone, some kind of explosion."

Weird, the book never did anything like that before. Normally it just sits there being creepy.
>>
No. 522926 ID: bf54a8

open it up and ask where she touched it.
>>
No. 522927 ID: 933f92

Comment that Todd is likely beyond reasoning - for now. Words won't reach him, he will HAVE to be restrained. You can't really be certain of anything right now. Also, state that no one is to touch The Book. No one. It's what got you into this shit, after all. With that said, she's right - Todd needs to be handled, and you need some safety, and with more people, you have more options for dealing with your problems.
>>
No. 522930 ID: f5680f

>>522925
Hey, how come nobody comments on your eyes?

Tell her the history of the book.
>>
No. 522934 ID: 9ddf68

>>522925
what do you mean by normally

take a quick look at the book to see if you notice anything different about it. Other then that it seems your options are see if you can find a way to get the hell out of here or see if you can't help out mace girl here to try and take out a possible threat so you don't have to put up with it later.
>>
No. 522942 ID: a26643

Uhm. Ask where all the mouse guy's coworkers are.
We dont want an entire possessed horde after us.
>>
No. 522943 ID: a26643

And also Im still all up for chewing out the cop lady.
She maced you when there was a lunatic about. People are going to be defending themselves, and I dont like how trigger happy she's been with the mace and her drugs.
>>
No. 522955 ID: f7d109
File 137334122505.jpg - (45.72KB , 500x358 , thebook.jpg )
522955

You break out the book and cautiously open it, there's nothing noticeably different about it. Beth swears that the first page "melted" and she touched one of the worms but each page is perfectly smooth.

Jeff is fucking stoked that you apparently have the Necronomicon and wants to touch it. You tell him that it is probably a bad idea.
Jeff: >"Klaatu barada nikto!"

before anyone asks, just a change of how I shaded the book, its not filled with black or anything
>>
No. 522956 ID: f7d109
File 137334124484.jpg - (27.90KB , 600x196 , hmmmm.jpg )
522956

>>522930
Hmm that is weird, you certainly thought your eyes looked bizarre the first time you saw yourself in the mirror. Could it be only you see the difference?

You're not sure if you want to bring it up seeing as your sanity is already in question.
>>
No. 522958 ID: 735f4f

Ask her how your eyes look after the pepper spray. Gives you a nice excuse to check.
>>
No. 522959 ID: f5680f

>>522951
Alright, everyone's armed, let's go find Todd.
>>
No. 522968 ID: 9ddf68

hmmm, whelp now that we at least got to the point where the chick wont mace you again so might as well go look for the guy who tried to brain you earlier.
>>
No. 522970 ID: f7d109
File 137334317880.jpg - (130.52KB , 800x800 , poseasateam.jpg )
522970

>>522958
You ask: she claims that they're just red and apologizes again, but asks that you don't keep bringing up.
It seems that this is only something Dale sees.

Jeff explains that his manager hardly shows up for work and tells his coworkers they should lock themselves in the store.

Nervously you step out into the daylight to hunt for the missing EMT.
>>
No. 522972 ID: f7d109
File 137334322134.jpg - (28.88KB , 400x504 , radio.jpg )
522972

Beth decides to try something. She pushes the "talk" button on her radio twice and it chirps. If Todd is nearby you don't hear his radio.
>>
No. 522974 ID: f7d109
File 137334325726.jpg - (35.37KB , 500x442 , alleyway.jpg )
522974

You decide the best place to start is to check the alleyway where he was last seen.
>>
No. 522976 ID: 9ddf68

k just don't split up, this isn't scooby doo.

and why is the chick with a broken arm leading the way?
>>
No. 522978 ID: f5680f

Be sure to look up.
>>
No. 522979 ID: 5869f6

Be causious, and be aware.
And for god's sake, stay together.
>>
No. 523086 ID: ea4b0b

Yo tox, we might need confirmation in the favicon thread to get it put up for you, just letting yall know
Anyhow, try to stay together in formation. The nurse should take up the rear, being the healeer of the group. I am assuming that Hank would be best suited to fronting, leaving who I am guessing will be our rouge jeff.
Note that I am only using these terms to make them categorizable, we want a triangle formation with beth and jeff bringing up the rear as hank seems like he'd be the most solid wall for an attack.
Have beth and jeff watch from the back to prevent flanking.
>>
No. 523094 ID: f7d109
File 137339633612.jpg - (57.45KB , 600x488 , detectivework.jpg )
523094

You start with the fenced in area by the shutter door. Todd doesn't seem to be in the area. You spot a roof access ladder that would give someone a better view of the strip mall, however Beth is unable to to climb with one only one arm.
>>
No. 523095 ID: ea4b0b

>>523094
have beth gurad the ladder, go up with jeff and be wary.
>>
No. 523097 ID: 91c1b3

Open that dumpster first to make sure he isn't in there, then send the kid up to check out the view. Perhaps have a chat with Beth while you wait for him. Maybe about the hole in your head. (and make sure both of you stay away from the fence)
>>
No. 523100 ID: f5680f

>>523094
There's blood on the ground there. He was leaking blood from his eyes. Following the blood trail will tell you where he went. Don't go up the ladder if there's no blood on it!
>>
No. 523105 ID: f7d109
File 137339773798.jpg - (24.30KB , 500x470 , venom.jpg )
523105

You kneel and realize it isn't blood, rather something black and foul smelling. Touching it makes your whole hand go numb for a second.

It looks like fell when Todd exerted himself.

Beth
>"Did you find something?"
>>
No. 523107 ID: 9ddf68

"don't know maybe, you seeing this"

Show her the 'blood' you found and see if she can actually see it, if she doesn't see anything then just drop immediately and change the subject to if we do find Todd on the roof how exactly are we going to bring him down short of tossing him off the side.
>>
No. 523109 ID: 23b97a

>"Did you find something?"
Yeah. Creepy black goo.
>>
No. 523114 ID: f5680f

>>523105
Ask her to get a sample of that for scientific study. Check the dumpster first to make sure Todd's not in it, then you should go up the ladder while the other two stay down here.
>>
No. 523124 ID: f7d109
File 137340340162.jpg - (33.24KB , 422x600 , leech1.jpg )
523124

"Check it out."
Beth shrugs
>"It looks like dirt, you get that in alleys."

You decide not to push your luck, but still want to save some of the goo for potential study. You decide to put it one of your leech capsules for later.
Amazingly the creature immediately starts devouring the foul substance.
You're not sure how to explain this revelation to your companions.
>>
No. 523125 ID: f7d109
File 137340341966.jpg - (33.97KB , 253x800 , ladder.jpg )
523125

You decide that the rooftop should be explored: You and Jeff will go up while Beth stands with her back to the ladder below. Jeff will do a quick lap of the structure while you remain at the top of the ladder, ready to quickly assist either party.
>>
No. 523126 ID: f7d109
File 137340344934.jpg - (38.70KB , 600x442 , rooftop.jpg )
523126

Once on the roof you find a mess of air conditioner stacks noisily pumping away, creating a rats nest of hiding spots and blind corners. The high vantage point gives you an inspiring view of the boring concrete boxes that comprise modern strip malls, as well as a pretty amazing view of the nearby mesa.
>>
No. 523129 ID: 9ddf68

ah shit. well keep your guard up and ask The EMT to try that radio thing she did earlier again and to keep doing that until you and Jeff come back down.
>>
No. 523133 ID: f5680f

>>523126
Look over the edges of the building at the surrounding alleys.
>>
No. 523152 ID: f7d109
File 137340799148.jpg - (43.47KB , 549x500 , beepbeep.jpg )
523152

Beth does another radio check and jumps when she hears the response.

>"Uh, guys? GET DOWN HERE"
>>
No. 523153 ID: f7d109
File 137340805718.jpg - (40.29KB , 427x600 , hangon.jpg )
523153

You yell to Jeff that you're going back down and throw yourself onto the ladder, hoping he can hear over the sound of the AC units.
>>
No. 523155 ID: f7d109
File 137340814246.jpg - (66.64KB , 600x625 , sneaky.jpg )
523155

You get Beth to stand back, ready with the mace, and peek inside the dumpster.
>>
No. 523156 ID: f7d109
File 137340815178.jpg - (71.85KB , 500x462 , bumbumBUM.jpg )
523156

>>
No. 523157 ID: f7d109
File 137340816992.jpg - (72.67KB , 600x614 , group hug.jpg )
523157

>>
No. 523159 ID: 91c1b3

>>523097
Called it. Don't make anymore noise while you wait for them to come down. Once you are all there, have one person watch your backs while the other two open the dumpster. There's a chance that the radio came off and that he's still nearby.
>>
No. 523163 ID: 9ddf68

Dale quick turn around and swing your crowbar around as fast and hard as you can
>>
No. 523165 ID: 735f4f

Oh hey behind you.
>>
No. 523166 ID: 91c1b3

>>523159
>>523157
Well. I need to learn to type faster. Dale swing your mace around behind you. (to your right) Beth, step directly back and ready the mace for when there's an opening.
>>
No. 523167 ID: d0a0a2

>>523157
Mace.
>>
No. 523179 ID: 35edd4

OH GOD OH GOD HE'S GOT GOAT EYES GET BACK AAAAA
>>
No. 523192 ID: 01531c

JEFF
HEROIC ACTION TIME
NOW PLEASE
>>
No. 523194 ID: bf54a8

MAAAAAAAAAACE
>>
No. 523211 ID: e3aff6

On the positive side, this implies that Raddie can probably only be one or two people at at time.

Well, lets see if the 'window to the soul' thing extends to conveying chemical eye attacks. Don't expect it to work though.
>>
No. 523213 ID: 23b97a

>>523124
>Feeding leech evil eldritch ooze.
...right. That's not going to turn it into a horrible monster later. Nope.

>>523194
In the w-eye!
>>
No. 523215 ID: b9d767

RENEGADE INTERRUPT

CROWBAR TO THE FACE
>>
No. 523229 ID: 5abf82

>>523157
Go ask friendly ol' Todd there what he thinks of the situation.
>>
No. 523230 ID: 5869f6

>>523157
OHGODOHGODOHGODOHGOD

BEHIND YOU

CROWBAR

FACE

NOW
>>
No. 523231 ID: 5fd94e

Bring the crowbar strait up into his jaw, push him away and let Beth hit him with the mace
>>
No. 523233 ID: f7d109
File 137341854295.jpg - (88.32KB , 600x600 , attack1.jpg )
523233

You feel a presence from behind, instinctively spaz-out and unleash a backhand strike at the figure, connecting with his gut.
He is driven back a couple feet, but fails to react in any meaningful way. It could be because you panicked and weren't able to swing properly, but is also seems that Todd is beyond registering something as mundane as a crowbar to the stomach. Beth brings her mace up to follow up your attack with a burning chemical torrent and hesitates.
>>
No. 523234 ID: f7d109
File 137341855927.jpg - (52.78KB , 500x571 , attack2.jpg )
523234

>"Todd, your eye. Oh my God."
>>
No. 523235 ID: f7d109
File 137341858829.jpg - (49.82KB , 294x600 , attack3.jpg )
523235

Todd's right eye is missing, the empty socket weeping a slow curtain of poisonous bile.
>>
No. 523236 ID: f7d109
File 137341860578.jpg - (41.71KB , 282x600 , attack4.jpg )
523236

His other is.... honestly not an improvement.
>>
No. 523237 ID: 5869f6

FOR GOD'S SAKE, DON'T LET UP.
AND GET ON THAT GODDAMN RADIO AND CALL FOR SOME BACKUP.
>>
No. 523238 ID: f5680f

>>523236
Parry the incoming strike and give Beth an opening to use that spray.
>>
No. 523239 ID: 5fd94e

Well, this quest is goddamn terrifying.

I say follow up with mace, try to keep your and if you get an opening try to break the arm holding the tire iron, if he doesn't react to the mace then try to keep your distance. Hopefully the kid can get down from the roof quickly enough to provide support in the next few seconds.
>>
No. 523240 ID: e3aff6

Go for the W!
>>
No. 523242 ID: 23b97a

Wait. Um. What is he doing? He wasn't phased by the attack, really. And something terrible has already happened to him. But what is he trying to do now? I mean, is he even resisting?
>>
No. 523254 ID: 35edd4

Get distance between you, and have the EMT call for support. The mace may not do anything, and I'm not sure we want to go all in on doing as much physical damage as possible just yet. We don't want to be arrested.
>>
No. 523259 ID: 9ddf68

ok now try and get around him so if you need to make a run for it you're not boxed in and where is Jeff?
>>
No. 523269 ID: f7d109
File 137342739360.jpg - (78.52KB , 600x600 , jeff1.jpg )
523269

>>523259

CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH
>>
No. 523270 ID: f7d109
File 137342740490.jpg - (69.16KB , 600x600 , jeff2.jpg )
523270

CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH
>>
No. 523271 ID: f7d109
File 137342741417.jpg - (44.97KB , 600x600 , jeff3.jpg )
523271

CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH
>>
No. 523272 ID: f7d109
File 137342742327.jpg - (68.75KB , 600x600 , jeff4.jpg )
523272

>>
No. 523273 ID: f7d109
File 137342743242.jpg - (86.45KB , 600x600 , jeff5.jpg )
523273

>>
No. 523274 ID: f7d109
File 137342745339.jpg - (69.79KB , 600x600 , jeff6.jpg )
523274

>>
No. 523275 ID: f7d109
File 137342746306.jpg - (75.30KB , 600x600 , jeff7.jpg )
523275

>>
No. 523276 ID: f7d109
File 137342747898.jpg - (91.80KB , 600x600 , jeff8.jpg )
523276

>>
No. 523277 ID: f7d109
File 137342748762.jpg - (61.01KB , 600x600 , jeff9.jpg )
523277

>>
No. 523278 ID: f7d109
File 137342749869.jpg - (59.97KB , 600x600 , jeff0.jpg )
523278

>>
No. 523279 ID: f7d109
File 137342752091.jpg - (87.76KB , 800x499 , toddscream.jpg )
523279

Todd opens his mouth. What comes out can't be called a word, a laugh, a scream. Its is as if madness itself had a sound.

For one instant you are in direct control of BOTH Dale and Beth. Who acts and how?
>>
No. 523281 ID: 91c1b3

>>523279
I kinda want to have Dale throw the book at him just to see what happens. The other (and more likely to succeed) option is to have him chuck/shove one of the vials of leeches at his face/missing eye. They've shown that they will eat whatever he's leaking ravenously. Beth has the crowbar, so the only question is if she is the distraction or the main attack. (distraction is better in my mind)
>>
No. 523282 ID: 5869f6

Man down, we have a man down!
One of you should attract his attention,
While the other either belts him on the head,
Or finds some bricks or bottles to fling.
And by the nine,
DO NOT LET HIM GET CLOSE!
>>
No. 523283 ID: 23b97a

>>523281
...a leech in the eye socket is a really interesting idea, actually.

>>523282
Dude, stop using the subject field to suggest.
>>
No. 523287 ID: f5680f

...the leech devoured the goo. I wonder what happens if a leech were to attach itself to Todd. LET'S FIND OUT.
>>
No. 523288 ID: 032987

Dont throw the book! Maybe that's what it wants!
Beth, get out of striking range. You're injured and no good. Radio for help, then try to sneak in behind him while he's distracted by Dale.

Dale, I dont know what you should do!
>>
No. 523289 ID: 57a559

I do have a suggestion for at least Beth
go for the legs with that crowbar, kneecaps priority
If he goes down, that gives Dale the opportunity to just pour a leech straight into his eye. Not that he shouldn't try if she can't get the beast to go down.
>>
No. 523299 ID: 5fd94e

Okay, kids got a broken arm and is likely knocked out, Beth is will only be a distraction with one arm if she tries to fight........fug it, lets go with Beth stays just out of reach with the crowbar and Dale comes up behind and attempts to insert leech into the socket.....hopefully this cripples the....thing rather than killing Todd.
>>
No. 523351 ID: 9ddf68

Beth- grab the crowbar and just try to get his attention more then anything but if you can land a clean blow in here or there don't hesitate again.

Dale- you saw what happened when one of those leaches was given just a bit of the black crap what do you think would happen if you got one on the guy proper or better yet in his eye socket.

Also when you two get a minute how's Jeff?
>>
No. 523379 ID: b6178d

He's inhumanly fast, but dude's only got two arms (I hope).

Beth, one-hand throw the crowbar, scrabble away, dragging Jeff along with you with your good arm.

Dale, grab an item in each hand, throw the cocaine pack, then throw a leech. Try to aim for the sanity-shattering growly mouth-hole. Pray this works, snatch your stuff, start running.

Why did you even stay behind here?
>>
No. 523467 ID: f7d109
File 137349064909.jpg - (36.24KB , 600x600 , counterattack1.jpg )
523467

Beth seizes her chance.
>>
No. 523468 ID: f7d109
File 137349066458.jpg - (67.88KB , 600x511 , counterattack2.jpg )
523468

>>
No. 523469 ID: f7d109
File 137349069783.jpg - (55.36KB , 600x600 , counterattack3.jpg )
523469

and lets fly
>>
No. 523470 ID: f7d109
File 137349071945.jpg - (70.73KB , 518x600 , counterattack4.jpg )
523470

Coming from Todd's blind side, the crowbar shatters his kneecap before he can react.
>>
No. 523471 ID: f7d109
File 137349074134.jpg - (65.96KB , 600x600 , counterattack5.jpg )
523471

While the attacker is off balance, Dale closes the distance-
>>
No. 523472 ID: f7d109
File 137349076068.jpg - (71.58KB , 600x477 , counterattack6.jpg )
523472

And hopes this works.
>>
No. 523473 ID: f7d109
File 137349079793.jpg - (67.42KB , 500x500 , counterattack7.jpg )
523473

The leech disappears deep within the ruined eye socket
>>
No. 523474 ID: f7d109
File 137349082662.jpg - (75.24KB , 600x494 , counterattack8.jpg )
523474

>>
No. 523475 ID: f7d109
File 137349084381.jpg - (46.83KB , 600x420 , counterattack9.jpg )
523475

>>
No. 523476 ID: f7d109
File 137349086099.jpg - (38.22KB , 500x435 , counterattack0.jpg )
523476

>"urrrghhh"
>>
No. 523477 ID: f7d109
File 137349088908.jpg - (48.67KB , 500x491 , yaytodd.jpg )
523477

>"Hey, Honeybee? Whats up?"
>>
No. 523479 ID: f7d109
File 137349091201.jpg - (60.41KB , 517x800 , tears.jpg )
523479

END OF CHAPTER 2.
>>
No. 523480 ID: 23b97a

Holy crap that worked? We actually saved someone from possession without killing them? Wow. We're gonna need more leeches.

...and he's gonna need some serious medical care with the broken knee and hole in his dead. And someone's gonna have to get the leech out.
>>
No. 523487 ID: 91c1b3

Yes! That went perfectly! We now have 2 leeches and an opponent that knows how we disabled him. This will definitely not be this easy again.
We should keep one of the leeches in a steel bottle (no shattering/crushing the bottle) after this; to save for the final battle vs the librarian.

Since the book and the leeches came from the same place, it's probably a good idea to try to remember where the fuck they came from.
>>
No. 523489 ID: f5680f

Wait, you see, what we need is a GIANT LEECH.
>>
No. 523490 ID: 35edd4

>>523480
We should be careful here. We don't know whether removing the leech is safe, so we should wait until he's securely restrained.
>>
No. 523501 ID: bf54a8

what if there is a leech in your head wound?
>>
No. 523502 ID: 5abf82

Uh, yeah, what happens to the leech? Does Todd just have a leech squirmin' behind his eyeball now?
>>
No. 523507 ID: 9ddf68

next on our to do list find some more of those damn leaches... after we see how Jeff and Todd are doing.
>>
No. 523542 ID: 5fd94e

OO That worked!?!

He's pretty calm for someone missing an eye, think he might be in shock right now?
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password