[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 623897)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39564 unique user posts. View catalog

File 142334395492.jpg - (74.74KB , 900x515 , Title.jpg )
623897 No. 623897 ID: 6630f4

Chapter 01: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/605439.html

Discussion/meta Thread: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/87374.html
Expand all images
>>
No. 623898 ID: 6630f4
File 142334446603.jpg - (48.76KB , 530x600 , 01of3.jpg )
623898

Uuuurgh.

You were hoping that your new adventuring life would have been exciting.

And yet as soon as you got back to the village Swabluff guided you to the tavern and told the barmaid to give you a room and to serve you food. He told you to wait a while because he needed to take care of business before he could give you the attention you needed.

And now three days have passed and you are still sitting here waiting for him to pop back from his office. Apparently he owns the tavern and other shops in town. At least you don't have to pay for service anymore.

>Hmm. If no one's seen a dragon in centuries, maybe we should be careful who we tell what we've got.

Swabluff thought the same, he helped you smuggle the egg in your room without no one seeing it. He also told you to not talk to anyone until he gets back. Just to be sure. The egg is now resting in your room, guarded by Gianni.
>>
No. 623899 ID: a9753c

Swabluff could have backstabbed you. Or not.

In any case, you have with you an egg that could eventually make your fortune. You may as well prepare for the days to come, instead of throwing yourself back into death.

If that egg really is a living dragon embryo, you're going to want to prepare against heists and assassinations.

Good luck.
>>
No. 623900 ID: 6630f4
File 142334497113.jpg - (75.08KB , 655x600 , 02of3.jpg )
623900

>I hope we find more eggs! I hope we find leads to where other types of dragon eggs might be, too. Maybe we can bring back all of them! Dragons for everyone!

>I really hope that S'shi'mh knows about other dragons then just water dragons. Might be able to help us peace things together about what happened to them or at least where we'd likely be able to find where they use to live.

During the first night in the tavern you managed to enter the mindlink easily and asked S'shi'mh for more information about dragons.

All she could really tell you is that there are four major races of dragons, related to the main elements: Water, the most important as she said, earth, air and fire. After those there are 6 more races that are hybrid of the 4 major ones: Lightning, lava, mud, steam, ice, sand and steam. As much as she could remember from the teaching of the old Wielder of the triden all the dragons are able to mate with each other, and the childrens of the two dragons will either be pure races or hybrids depending on fate. She knows her father was a pure water dragon and her mother was one of the most important water dragons. Which makes her a pure water dragon and the first in line to rule after her mother. Unless there are older siblings alive, of course.

She knows that all the dragons share the same rite of hatching, which means that any kind of temple that has traces of it will suffice, and that in case other eggs are found they can be hatched.

Granted of course that the spirits of the dragons haven't gone insane or that the eggs aren't damaged.
>>
No. 623902 ID: 6630f4
File 142334582965.jpg - (64.05KB , 990x590 , 03of3.jpg )
623902

>Swabluff could have backstabbed you. Or not.

He has proven himself to be trustworthy more than a single time. He's probably really busy at the moment.


>In any case, you have with you an egg that could eventually make your fortune. You may as well prepare for the days to come, instead of throwing yourself back into death. If that egg really is a living dragon embryo, you're going to want to prepare against heists and assassinations.

Selling the egg is out of question for you. It might held the future of your race, as far as you know.

That might be a good idea. Even if no one knows about the egg till now, someone will or might eventually get to know.

You should check your inventory for now. and maybe decide what you could sell or keep. The dungeon run has seriously hindered what you originally have.

Here is what you have on you right now (aside for your busted clothes and armor).

- A broken mace handle
- A dagger
- A trident
- A broken spear tip
- A flying orb containing a fire elemental used instead of a torch
- A piece of charcoal and 3 sheets of paper
- 1 small crate of decorated stone
- Backpack
- A magical necklace that Gianni found and gave you (apparently it works similarly to the bracelet, but you haven't managed to make it work)
- A golden ring with a small pearl, the same ring that Gianni was possessing when it was dropped in the dungeon.
- Mind link Conch.
- A magic bracelet
- A bracelet similar to the magic bracelet, but without a gem
- A big bunch of pearls
- A sturdy round wooden shield
- A bunch of rock chunks from statues

You make a mental note to get sticks as soon as possible, but for now, what should you sell to Swabluff or keep?
>>
No. 623904 ID: a9753c

Combine items, make traps and throw weapons.

Find a sturdy piece of cloth and some binding agent (string, glue, etc.). Combine mace handle, sturdy cloth, and rock chunks from statues to create burlap bludgeon.

Attach broken spear tip to shield to increase its bash attack.

Combine pearl necklace with flying orb to create magical focus.
>>
No. 623913 ID: a9753c

>>623902
(You could easily make a fortune by listening to the wisdom of a dragon, or choosing the dirty path and reviving the old monastery of dragons. There will be a LOT of people trying to take your place as S'shi'mh's advisor, you and your squad need to best them all.)

Hm... It's possible that S'shi'mh isn't a water dragon, and was simply told that by her mother. Not that it's anything serious, seeing as she's one of the last dragons alive and likely to shape the future of the entire world. Or even a non-dragon who can telepathically communicate with almost anyone from the comfort of her egg.

Ask her later about the six sub-elements made from the four prime elements. My guess is:
Fire + Water = Steam
Water + Air = Ice
Air + Earth = Sand
Earth + Fire = Lava
Fire + Air = Lightning
Water + Earth = Mud

Make sure that you confirm how different prime elements mix to create sub-elements.

Also, find some mental games so that you can play with her.
>>
No. 623917 ID: d958ad

>>623902
The broken spear tip and mace handle are pretty much trash at this point, though I guess they do have some scrap potential from the metal in them.

Keep:

- A dagger
- A trident
- A flying orb containing a fire elemental used instead of a torch
- A piece of charcoal and 3 sheets of paper
- Backpack
- A magical necklace that Gianni found and gave you (apparently it works similarly to the bracelet, but you haven't managed to make it work)
I'm thinking the necklace is triggered differently. Perhaps in response to environmental effects. Maybe you can get it identified?
- A magic bracelet
- Mind link Conch.
- A sturdy round wooden shield
- A bracelet similar to the magic bracelet, but without a gem
(maybe we can put a gem into it to make it work?)

Sell or trash the rest. Maybe ask Swabluff for advice on various mundane tools that would be useful for adventuring, he's experienced enough to know. The ring Gianni was in is non-magical, right? If it's magical, hold onto it.
>>
No. 623921 ID: 82efdc

>>623917
This is a pretty good list, although I'd keep a few small rocks. Occasionally you want something to throw at something to check for traps and such.

Might be useful to keep some pearls, too. If the pearls are worth more than their weight in gold (or whatever the local currency is), they're a more weight efficient way to carry wealth. (Assuming you can cash them in when you need to, or you don't travel somewhere where pearls are really common).
>>
No. 623922 ID: 9ddf68

sell the
- A broken mace handle
- A broken spear tip
- 1 small crate of decorated stone
- A big bunch of pearls
- A bunch of rock chunks from statues
Not really sure if we could sell the rock chunks but hey you never know unless you try.
>>
No. 623924 ID: 89b2a2

>>623902
Sell the demon corpse I'm sure someone wants it (hopefully you can get the trident out and the body doesn't dissolve).

Try to learn spells from the water dragon. You should be able to do slime magic, right?

The broken shit if he's willing to take it, the pearls, the non-magical bracelet, talk about selling the ring with Gianni (technically "his").

Why are you just sitting around spend your time mapping the inside of the dungeon and then sell it to Swabluff. Who knows, maybe you missed something the first time.
>>
No. 623934 ID: 6cb462

Before you sell your mace, reminisce on the good ol' times you've had with Old Bonk

Also consider buying armor, something that will protect you from poisonous attacks.
>>
No. 624084 ID: 847254
File 142343077001.jpg - (50.70KB , 620x600 , 01of5.jpg )
624084

>Why are you just sitting around spend your time mapping the inside of the dungeon and then sell it to Swabluff. Who knows, maybe you missed something the first time

Swabluff had 8 hours to check the dungeon by himself as he said. And even Gianni gave him a hands, since it's able to go through infinite small spaces. He has pretty much mapped everything down there. Unfortunately nothing that might help you. Also if you remember correctly Swabluff said that empty dungeon tend to get repopulated quickly, so it might have already a lot of other denizens by now.

>Before you sell your mace, reminisce on the good ol' times you've had with Old Bonk

You raise a toast for your fallen comrade. May you crack skulls in the higher planes, old buddy. You will never be forgotten.

>>623917

>>623921

>>623922

You divide the things you are keeping from the ones that you are going to sell in different stashes.

>The ring Gianni was in is non-magical, right? If it's magical, hold onto it.

>The broken shit if he's willing to take it, the pearls, the non-magical bracelet, talk about selling the ring with Gianni (technically "his").

Gianni said it's a non magical ring. Just a good looking gold trinket he possessed. He gave it to you since he has no real need for it. So i guess you'll just going to sell it with the rest.

After you'll know how many coins a pearl might be worth you will consider keeping a bit on you, it will make it easier to not move around with too much gold on you.

>I'm thinking the necklace is triggered differently. Perhaps in response to environmental effects. Maybe you can get it identified?

- A bracelet similar to the magic bracelet, but without a gem (maybe we can put a gem into it to make it work?)

Gianni identified the necklace already. It should honestly work as the other one. that's how it managed to remove the slime that was blocking the door. But after trying it on and focusing you didn't manage to do anything with it.

Asking or looking for a similar gem might get the bracelet to work you think.
>>
No. 624085 ID: 847254
File 142343132662.jpg - (47.85KB , 600x620 , 02of5.jpg )
624085

>Sell the demon corpse I'm sure someone wants it (hopefully you can get the trident out and the body doesn't dissolve).

The demon corpse was pretty much useless. Swabluff told you that as soon as the demon spirit leaves the body, the flesh melds and return to its primordial state. He told you that nothing remained of the demon but dust. It was really ancient apparently.

>Also consider buying armor, something that will protect you from poisonous attacks.

That's going to be a really important thing to buy, considering your leather armor is ripped in multiple places and almost unusable now.

>(You could easily make a fortune by listening to the wisdom of a dragon, or choosing the dirty path and reviving the old monastery of dragons. There will be a LOT of people trying to take your place as S'shi'mh's advisor, you and your squad need to best them all.)

Reviving something that you have no idea how would work doesn't sound like a rather good idea. And you don't know how much the wisdom of a baby dragon that has no contact with the current world for several centuries could help. But it's something that might be interesting to dwell into.

>Also, find some mental games so that you can play with her.

You'll think of something. You aren't really the brightest mind in your tribe. Maybe you can ask someone to help you with those.

>Ask her later about the six sub-elements made from the four prime elements. My guess is: Fire + Water = Steam, Water + Air = Ice, Air + Earth = Sand, Earth + Fire = Lava, Fire + Air = Lightning, Water + Earth = Mud

You imagine that's more or less how it works. She doesn't really seemed concerned about non-water dragons lore to be honest so you don't know how much she really knows.

>Try to learn spells from the water dragon. You should be able to do slime magic, right?

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH. That's rather awkward to say, but you are possibly, as your tribe's shaman told you when you were a tapdole, the most unept and untalented moron that has ever tried to cast a spell. He used to say that you might be one of the few ranidae that has no link to magic that he has ever seen in his long life. But that never really bothered you. You focused on other things, like hunting and fighting.
>>
No. 624087 ID: 847254
File 142343151784.jpg - (92.62KB , 800x572 , 03of5.jpg )
624087

>Combine items, make traps and throw weapons.

>Find a sturdy piece of cloth and some binding agent (string, glue, etc.). Combine mace handle, sturdy cloth, and rock chunks from statues to create burlap bludgeon.

>Attach broken spear tip to shield to increase its bash attack.

>Combine pearl necklace with flying orb to create magical focus.

You never really tried doing this kind of things, but it's always worth a shot.

You try several times to fix the spear on your shield without any luck. the rocks are weirdly shaped and jagged and trying to link them made it really difficult.

But maybe you can jam the glass orb into the necklace or the bracelet slots.

No.

Maybe.

Maybe you just need to rotate the thing a bit...

Oh maybe, maybe.

Seems to be work-no.

Maybe if you push from the top...
>>
No. 624088 ID: 847254
File 142343153252.jpg - (76.14KB , 800x572 , 04of5.jpg )
624088

...
>>
No. 624091 ID: 847254
File 142343173432.jpg - (77.03KB , 800x572 , 05of5.jpg )
624091

You ask the barmaid how long was she standing there.

Barmaid: "Enough to make this awkward i believe..."

You ask if there is anything you can do to make this less awkward

Barmaid: "i've seen weirder things. Papa said he's free to talk to you now."

She points to the stairs leading upstair. To Swabluff office.
>>
No. 624094 ID: dbe554

Welp time to see the Walrus man himself, head on up.
>>
No. 624095 ID: 9ddf68

"can I help you?"
>>
No. 624102 ID: 6cb462

>> "i've seen weirder things."

Let's show her the most weirdest thing then. SMILE and say thank you.
>>
No. 624103 ID: d958ad

I think we know at this point that smiling provokes a negative reaction. Don't do it.

Go up and see how your business partner is doing.
>>
No. 624104 ID: a9753c

You need to find a safe house so that S'shi'mh won't be stolen or die of environmental hazards. Then, you may want to invest in mercenaries who can help you conquer non-dragon dungeons, so that you can stock up on supplies before taking on the big dungeons.

As for the bludgeon, just take the statue pieces (which should be more durable than the average road stone, since they were carved from stable slabs to reduce wear and tear), polish them into round shapes, place them in a cloth bag, and then tie the end of that cloth bag to your mace handle. I suggest you ask Swabluff to find a craftsman who can combine your tools.
>>
No. 624119 ID: 82efdc

Look, you wait around long enough and you get bored, okay?

Go see the person you're going to see.
>>
No. 624164 ID: b88e47

No smile! No smile!
>>
No. 624252 ID: e8d844

combine broken handle and spear, to make short spear, instead of weird stuff, also keep the mace head, a new handle is not hard to make!
>>
No. 624271 ID: 56a86a
File 142351576272.jpg - (63.91KB , 800x535 , 01of4.jpg )
624271

>Let's show her the most weirdest thing then. SMILE and say thank you.

>I think we know at this point that smiling provokes a negative reaction. Don't do it.

>No smile! No smile!

You decide not to smile. Considering what seems to keep happening to people seeing it. You wonder what's wrong with them. Have they never seen a ranidae smile?

You quickly remember that you are the only ranidae these people might ever seen.

>"can I help you?"

You ask the barmaid and she grumbly replies that you should probably get up, because both her and Swabluff are rather busy with business and don't have a lot of time to hang around doing nothing.

>Welp time to see the Walrus man himself, head on up.

>Go up and see how your business partner is doing.

The barmaid leads you upstairs.
>>
No. 624278 ID: 56a86a
File 142351648053.jpg - (62.60KB , 800x440 , 02of4.jpg )
624278

The barmaid opens a door at the end of the tavern second floor corridor.

Swabluff is sitting in front of a large desk. He smiles warmly at the sight of you and the girl

Swabluff: "Thank you Talia. Sorry for interrupting your work."

Talia: "It's not a problem, Pa. If you need anything else, ring me."

Swabluff: "Thank you sweetie."

The barmaid quickly leaves the room.

You sit in the chair in front of Swabluff and he immediately start grabbing a bunch of papers and a large purse.

Swabluff: "I'm sorry about not being able to help you out immediately. Now, let's get down to business. I think the first thing should be selling out your loot. Right?"

You nod to him and pull out the things you are going to sell.

Swabluff immediately tells you that there is no way you'll be able to sell the broken spear tip, the mace handle and the pieces of statue. They are pretty much worthless.

>combine broken handle and spear, to make short spear, instead of weird stuff.

>As for the bludgeon, just take the statue pieces (which should be more durable than the average road stone, since they were carved from stable slabs to reduce wear and tear), polish them into round shapes, place them in a cloth bag, and then tie the end of that cloth bag to your mace handle. I suggest you ask Swabluff to find a craftsman who can combine your tools.

Well at least you can later trying to craft something like that.

You ask him if he has any gem that could fit into the bracelet. He answers that he doesn't, but the town's alchemist might have some, and that you should check him out, alongside the smith and the general adventurer store later.

After few minutes the two of you finished the deal. You earned 650 pieces of gold. Which is probably the larges amount of money you'll ever see. You decide to keep around 200 pieces worth of pearls with you and get the remaining 450 coins.
>>
No. 624279 ID: 56a86a
File 142351677260.jpg - (56.99KB , 750x535 , 03of4.jpg )
624279

>You need to find a safe house so that S'shi'mh won't be stolen or die of environmental hazards. Then, you may want to invest in mercenaries who can help you conquer non-dragon dungeons, so that you can stock up on supplies before taking on the big dungeons.

You decide to start going back to the topic of the quest and you start telling him your ideas and plans.

He quickly stops you.

Swabluff: "I'm sorry to tell you this, boy."

He pauses

Swabluff: "But i'm not going to be able to come with you"
>>
No. 624280 ID: d958ad

>>624278
Sweet. Hey, take a look at the painting of his former self. Also, ask about his daughter. Who was her mother? She looks like she has some non-human blood in her.
>>
No. 624283 ID: 6cb462

Tell him you understand, since he is a very busy man, but would appreciate any info he has to give.
>>
No. 624287 ID: 82efdc

>But i'm not going to be able to come with you
That's okay. Do you mind if we talk ideas and stuff anyways? Even if you can't help directly, you know a heck of a more about this adventuring stuff than I do. Any ideas where I should go next, or where I might be able to find dragon or ranidae sites?
>>
No. 624288 ID: 56a86a
File 142351843458.jpg - (98.46KB , 1000x630 , 04of4.jpg )
624288

You glare at him.

Swabluff: "Don't get me wrong boy. I litterally can't come with you. I'm unfortunately a very busy man, and my business can't stop for too long."

>Tell him you understand, since he is a very busy man, but would appreciate any info he has to give

You nod to him and ask away.

Which he replies with a smile.

Swabluff: "I spent these days doing accomodations and plans myself."

He hands you a scroll with something written on it. Why are all these people fixated with written words jeez!

Swabluff: "That's a permit, written by my own hand and signed. It will allow you to sleep and eat for free at any tavern that belongs to me"

He points to the end of the paper, where a weird symbol is inscribed on it.

Swabluff: "just look for this symbol and you'll know it belongs to the McBluff family."

He then grabs a bunch of letters and scrolls that were resting on his right and holds them in front of you.

Swabluff: "And secondly!I told you that going alone was dangerous. So, as soon as i came back, i sent messages to all the people that owe me a favour and to friends that i know i can rely on. Six of them replied me back today. Saying that they will be up to help in your quest. You need to consider that a party should never get over four people, mostly due to logistic problems and big parties tend to attract unwanted attention, so i think it will be good to choose only three of them. All of them are veteran adventurers or extremely capable people.

The first one is Rutgar Malababa, an orc from the eastern lands. I have known him for a long time. Possibly the strongest creature i have ever seen walk the world. He doesn't really like to talk much about his past and he has problem with alcohol and he doesn't like being around too many people. But trust me, he's very reliable and durable when it comes to fighting.

The second one is Oplon Scutum, wielder of the sacred Aegis of Tesalvo. A pious man that gave up his noble life in order to wander the world in order to protect the innocent and the weak. He tends to be a stick in the mud when it comes to laws and rules. And for the love of all the stars, don't you even try to discuss about religion with him. Due to his creed, he doesn't believe in killing, and prefers to find other ways to subdue the enemy, if necessary. But he is also adept at water magic and healing.

Then comes Sir Alaiv, the onion knight. He is a rather weird guy. His name is due to his awful smell that seem to always follow him (and i think he actually likes). But he is the greatest fencer that i have ever seen. He is also really knowleadgeable about nobility and history. Even more than me! And that says something ahah!

Fourth in the list is Paxetira, the elven sorceress. An extremely volatile and vain person, but her magical knowledge and sheer power is undeniable. She has a disgust for insects and a crippling phobia for snakes, but aside that she'll never back down from anything.

Fifth is Takabanda Gottascream, the wraith singer. Wielder of the haunted horn of Loudmouth. The greatest dwarven bard. He's a master of songs, from soothing sounds to battle marches to healing hymns. He can be a bit bombastic and loud, but he's incredibly charismatic and diplomatic when it's needed.

Last, but not least is Sizzle, a young Faelking alchemist. She's young and really curios, but she is extremely smart, both street and book. She in fact recently graduated from Fael's most important alchemy college with her thesis about empowered regeneration potions. What she lacks in dungeon experience is covered by her wits and equipment."

He stops and looks at you, letting things sink for a bit.

Swabluff: "So, what do you think?"
>>
No. 624289 ID: b88e47

All of them!

If we have to pick one, pally/Oplon. I think he lines up best with your own ideals.
>>
No. 624293 ID: 56a86a
File 142351952155.jpg - (77.79KB , 600x650 , larger pic.jpg )
624293

Edit: a young Faelkin alchemist (birdlike humanoid race)

>Sweet. Hey, take a look at the painting of his former self. Also, ask about his daughter. Who was her mother? She looks like she has some non-human blood in her.

While you think you decide to take a peak at the giant portrait behind Swabluff. The clothes at least look like the kind of clothes he wears.

You ask him if that's him

Swabluff: "Oh? Yes. That's a gift from a really close friend of mine made before i lost a leg and then was turned into a walrus. It's one of my most precious possessions."

You then ask about the relation between him and the weirdling barmaid. Back in your swamps the magically mutated childs are usually thrown away or killed.

Swabluff: "She's not blood-related to me. I adopted her alongside others that were abandoned or that became orphans during the Cyclops invasion. I decided to give them a home and an education, and they are free to repay me if they feel by working for me. Talia was abandoned in the woods after her mother saw that she was growing horns. One of my employee find her and brought her to me. She has been a really nice child and and infatigable worker. I'm glad that the weirdling laws were removed twenty years ago, so that people like her can still have a life."

Swabluff: "But anyway, take your time to choose, in case. If you need other informations about someone in particular i can try to answer"
>>
No. 624294 ID: 3836f6

I vote for orc, bard and alchemist.
Two healer and a tank, they have small drawbacks too.
>>
No. 624296 ID: d3be40

1. Alaiv - We're going through dungeons, so having a bookworm on our side is going to be EXTREMELY useful when it comes to traps, puzzles, and the general analysis of dungeon properties.
2. Paxetira - Having a mage around to deal with most of the magical traps and wards will be extremely useful. We're talking about dragon dungeons here.
3. Sizzle - She can assist Paxetira by brewing up potions. I also recommend that she stay outside of dungeons as a scout and logistics expert. She might need some sentries, but given that she got a Ph.D I think she can invent them herself.
4. Rutgar - Strength might be useful, but we're dealing with dungeons that were once home to monks. I think that a combination of strength and agility will be vital in the dungeons to come...
5. Gottascream - Do I really need to explain why having a loudmouth in the party is the LAST thing you want on a dungeon crawl through a former monastary? Remember, rooms of meditation (the key rooms) have some kind of tech that nullifies sound.
6. Oplon - NO. If he realizes that your job is to revive a civilization that is in opposition of his religion...
>>
No. 624307 ID: 890dfb

Alaiv and Paxteira.
Magic and a bookworm?
Hell yes.
You're basically the dumb muscle and you know it, keep smart people around you.
>>
No. 624308 ID: 82efdc

Do any of them have possible conflicts with my mission?

For instance: Oplon (hung on religion and laws. Certain legal structures and religions might object to us trying to bring back dragons to rule people and/or be worshiped).

Paxetira might have a problem if dragons overlap close enough with snakes.

>who choose
Okay, we're already a fighter of some kind.

Sir Alaiv for secondary fighter, and history / nobility connections to follow up on dragon and lost civilization lore.

Sizzle, because froggo has a hard time turning down another earnest newbie trying to be an adventurer, and because alchemy is always useful. We can make our own healing and utility items, and sell spares made out of stuff we find. (And let's face it, of course we're choosing the bird).

Then I think we need some kind of magic for things the fighters don't work on, and are otherwise resistant to the acids / poisons / explosions alchemy can whip up. Which means either the mage or the bard. I'm actually learning more towards the elf. Need some actual blasting.
>>
No. 624317 ID: d958ad

Okay, I have a few questions.
1) What is Rutgar's alcohol problem? Is he violent when drunk or is he just reliant on alcohol to function?
2) Does Oplon have a problem with killing animals, or just people? Would he be bothered by Rutgar's likely dark past? Would he try to help Rutgar deal with his issues, like a therapist?
3) Does Takabanda drink a lot? I don't know how dwarves behave in this setting.
4) Is there racial conflict between elves and dwarves?

My preliminary vote is Oplon, Rutgar, Sizzle.
Alaiv's strong smell would make stealth impossible because any monster would smell us coming. Plus, the party members in general would be bothered by the smell. Rutgar is a straightforward fighty option, and Sizzle because she's a fellow novice. Oplon seems like a good mix of fighty and healy, and I personally don't plan to be breaking any laws or killing people, so...
>>
No. 624320 ID: 01745f

>>624308
That pretty much sums up my opinions.
>>
No. 624338 ID: 1a4c53

>>624308
yes, I like these
>>
No. 624347 ID: 9ddf68

Sir Alaiv could be useful. If for nothing else his knowledge of history could really be of help since we are kinda looking into find out more about our race's lost history.

Sizzle sounds like a solid choice since we're more brawn the brains and she sounds to be the opposite. Always good to keep a team well rounded to try and cover any flaws it might have.

as for the last person... I can't decide between the dwarf and the elf. Magic is always useful to have on your side but if she can't get along with people in the party that could cause problems down the road between the group. The dwarf sounds like he'd have an easier time being around people and if we ever need to talk our way through something he'd be real handy to have. but he also sounds like someone who likes to be the life of a party so I'm not sure how well we'd get along with him.

Oh and before we pick anyone can you tell us if any would have a problem with us trying to hatch a dragon egg as well as trying to learn more about our people's past?
>>
No. 624370 ID: a19cd5

>>624293
My votes go to sizzle, the orc, and the dwarf.
>>
No. 624374 ID: 6cb462

Does Gianni count as a party member? probably not, but I hope he doesn't take it personal if he isn't.
>>
No. 624381 ID: 5d2f8c

>>624308
Nice choices overall.
>>
No. 624385 ID: 8f01e8

If we figure out an incomplete reconstruction of the hatching ceremony, Oplon's water magic + healing might be very useful for filling the gaps. Accordingly I think it would be more useful to get him involved only after some progress has been made.
>>
No. 624386 ID: a19cd5

Gianni just said he's not able to go with us again, he's gotta work.
>>
No. 624388 ID: d958ad

>>624386
That's Swabluff. Gianni is the framelock.
>>
No. 624390 ID: 01745f

While Gianni is a party member he doesn't eat and is small enough to hide in our pocket if necessary so I don't think he counts towards maximum members.

>>624386
That was Swabluff. Gianni is the framelock.
>>
No. 624436 ID: 816d51
File 142357615194.jpg - (42.38KB , 550x480 , answers.jpg )
624436

I made a poll, that way it will be easier checking everyone's choice
http://strawpoll.me/3608518
I'll check the results this saturday evening or on sunday's morning.

>Does Gianni count as a party member? probably not, but I hope he doesn't take it personal if he isn't.

Gianni doesn't count as a party member. Its abilities of possessing frames and identify magic objects, alongside with the fact that he can reads any language that is linked to the thing it possess are incredibly useful. But it also doesn't consume much space when it possesses small items and it doesn't eat, and it's rather cowardish. So it's more of a helpful aid rather than an actual party member.


You ask Swabluff if you can throw a couple of questions to him about these people.

>Do any of them have possible conflicts with my mission? For instance: Oplon (hung on religion and laws. Certain legal structures and religions might object to us trying to bring back dragons to rule people and/or be worshiped).

Swabluff: "Uhm i don't think. His creed is about defending and protecting the innocent more than anything. As far as we know your dragon fits the role hahah"

>Paxetira might have a problem if dragons overlap close enough with snakes.

You also fear snakes, but you doubt that dragons will look anything like those horrible dreaded creatures.

>What is Rutgar's alcohol problem? Is he violent when drunk or is he just reliant on alcohol to function?

Swabluff: "He unfortunately seems to need to live in a state of inebriation, or he'll fall into a state of depression. I fear he keeps drinking because he wants to forget something that happened to him, but i don't know what. He really doesn't open much."

>Does Oplon have a problem with killing animals, or just people? Would he be bothered by Rutgar's likely dark past? Would he try to help Rutgar deal with his issues, like a therapist?

Swabluff: "Oplon creed forbids him to kill any living creature. He cannot deal killing blows, but he won't shy from fighting if it is to protect someone. He and Rutgar aren't friends but they know each other, and they respect each others abilities. Oplon tried to help Rutgar with his problem once, but it led nowhere."

> Does Takabanda drink a lot? I don't know how dwarves behave in this setting.

Swabluff: "Takabanda doesn't drink at all! He thinks that alcohol will ruin his rhythm. He lives a rather healty life.

>Is there racial conflict between elves and dwarves?

Swabluff: "Dwarves and Elves lives together like any other race. There hasn't been any huge conflict between the two races in ages"

>Oh and before we pick anyone can you tell us if any would have a problem with us trying to hatch a dragon egg as well as trying to learn more about our people's past?

Swabluff: "I don't think any of them would be against the repopulation of an ancient race. Regarding everyone's past... well. I told you all i could about Rutgar and Oplon. Sir Alaiv spent almost all the time i have known him in libraries and monasteries, he has always been fascinated by history. Paxetira was born in the town of Grandos, from a rich family. When her affinity to earth and fire magic emerged she was sent to learn to control her magical power. Takabanda is last in the lineage of the great Gottascream family, a famous family of artists and musicians. And regarding Sizzle, she was a young urchin living among the population of Fael's downtown. I saw her abilities after she tried to steal stuffs from me. My employees caught her and locked her in the kitchen deposit. where she managed to blast the door by using baking soda and gods know what else hahah. I paid for her education and i'm rather proud of her"
>>
No. 624475 ID: d3be40

So, can you give us a list of skills for each person, as far as you remember?
>>
No. 624693 ID: 58cc7d

>>624475

Swabluff more or less gave you all the informations he knows about the characters. Asking directly for abilities and stuffs will get too much into the meta.

Which is still more than doable! but i'd prefer if anyone that is interested/wants to know more could go to the meta thread http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/87374.html (which might contain spoilers, btw)
>>
No. 625074 ID: 9a70d5
File 142394601010.png - (14.19KB , 305x306 , results.png )
625074

Results from the poll are out.
>>
No. 625076 ID: 9a70d5
File 142394717583.jpg - (63.55KB , 750x510 , 01of2.jpg )
625076

After thinking about it for a bit, you tell Swabluff that you will choose Sizzle the alchemist. You can't deny a chance to adventure to a fellow new adventurer. And her abilities will surely come handy.

Then you tell him that Takabanda will clearly be a good addiction to the team as well. You aren't the most charismatic creature in the world, and you know that in case of need of diplomatic help he'll probably be of great help. You also like hearing music.

Last one will be Sir Alaiv. Having someone with a big amount of knowledge is going to be probably vital to this quest. And you are sure that you can stomach his stench. How bad could it be.

Swabluff nods at your choices and then gets up from his seat.

Swabluff: "Good. You made your choice. I'm glad you chose someone that will work well with your own qualities. That's the spirit of a real adventurer."

You ask if he has any idea on where they should start to look for clues about the rite. And when do you need to leave.

Swabluff: "Hahahah! You sure are eager to start i see. Listen, do you remember when i talked about that other ranidae dungeon i found? It's in the mountains near Redboat, in the north. I need a day or two to send the letters back to the people. I'll tell them to meet you at the town of Barakka. A stagecoach will be ready for you as soon as i'm done. I promise you. In the meantime, feel free to gear up for your first real adventure, boy."
>>
No. 625078 ID: 9a70d5
File 142394758675.jpg - (58.29KB , 600x600 , 02of2.jpg )
625078

You ask him where you can get anything.

Swabluff: "In town there is a rather good blacksmith named Ironhand, his store can be recognized by the big red anvil painted on his door. He's a skilled craftsman and can fix or make new armor for you. for a price of course. There is also an alchemist in town that sells anything from potions to blightbombs. Pretty much any basic adventurer gear. You can easily recognize the place i'm sure. It has a lot of crates stashed in the front. And for last there is the town wizard that can enchant and sell you magical items. Try to spend your wealth well. An adventurer depends on his own gear."

He leads you up to the door.

Swabluff: "Now if you will excuse me i need to get back to work. I'll call you up as soon as preparations are done."

You greet each others and you leave the room.

Now you need to choose what to do first.
>>
No. 625080 ID: d3be40

Visit each of the stores and schedule appointments in advance, but don't buy anything until the others arrive. They will want to buy what they need.
>>
No. 625089 ID: 5d2f8c

I'd say weapons/armor first. Do you think you could still swim ok with chain-mail or do you have to stick to leather types? We really just need some solid blunt weapon since we already got a nice piercing weapon and a decent knife.
>>
No. 625095 ID: 9b35bd

Armorsmith first as they're probably the priciest.
>>
No. 625101 ID: 6cb462

>>625080
I agree with this. Make note of the prices of the things you would want and can afford.
>>
No. 625119 ID: d958ad

>>625080
>>625101
We're meeting the others at a completely different town. We need to resupply HERE.

>>625078
I say visit the wizard first. Find out what sort of magic shit he's got, and you can get something cool but affordable while still having money for other shit. Better that, than buying something from the blacksmith that would be redundant or drain your pocketbooks enough to make you unable to buy the cool shit.

Remember how that slime bracelet saved your life. Magic equipment is very important!
>>
No. 625152 ID: 3c17ca

>>625078
Things to consider. We frequently get separated from our weapons, so having several is a good thing. Magic items are a huge boon. Finally, a little window shopping never hurt anyone.

Oh and lastly, we are what we are, and a little casual assistance from a charming frog smile and attributes as well as our frame bound friend in the area of shopping discounts might help us.

So in short:
-Visit all the shops, see what they have.
-See if the shop owners need any quick tasks done for a reasonable fee. (mini quest)
-see if the smith cant fix your armor, and maybe make a new weapon out of the garbage if it is worth it.

Other thing to consider:
-Enchant the trident.
>>
No. 625406 ID: 3db70c
File 142420636349.jpg - (77.22KB , 700x600 , 01of3.jpg )
625406

>Visit each of the stores and schedule appointments in advance, but don't buy anything until the others arrive. They will want to buy what they need.
>I agree with this. Make note of the prices of the things you would want and can afford.
>So in short: -Visit all the shops, see what they have. -See if the shop owners need any quick tasks done for a reasonable fee. (mini quest) -see if the smith cant fix your armor, and maybe make a new weapon out of the garbage if it is worth it.

You have still a bit of downtime so you can check every shop and pay either in the evening or the next morning. You doubt anyone will have work for you now, you have been looking for jobs for a while before Swabluff arrived.

>I'd say weapons/armor first. Do you think you could still swim ok with chain-mail or do you have to stick to leather types? We really just need some solid blunt weapon since we already got a nice piercing weapon and a decent knife.
>Armorsmith first as they're probably the priciest.

Chainmail seems really heavy in your opinion. You probably prefer to wear lighter armors. You are fast and quick, and being slowed down will only make you easier to kill you fear.

You go to the weaponsmith first. The burly dwarf doesn’t seem to be really happy to have you around. He asks you if you have the coin or if you are just windowshopping. As you tell him that you need to gear up for your future trip he cheers up and shows you around. You ask politely to tell you each prices, since you are unable to read. He gladly proceed to list what you can buy.

Wares:

- Leather armor 25 GP
- Studded leather armor 50 GP
- Breastplate armor 100 GP
- Chainmail armor 200 GP
- Plate armor 500 GP
- Round shield 40 GP
- Kite shield 75 GP
- Helmet 50 GP
- Battle axe 40 GP
- Warmace 50 GP
- Dagger 15 GP
- Short sword 40 GP
- Long sword 60 GP
- Falchion 60 GP
- Short spear 20 GP
- Spear 25 GP
- Crossbow 100 GP
- Shortbow 60 GP
- Bolts/Arrows 1 GP per 10 pieces.

You ask if he does repairs and show him your busted armor.

Blacksmith: “Wheez. That’s some busting you got there. What did you fight a bear? Yeah i can fix your armor for just 15 GP if you want. I can add studs for 25 more. If you want to keep this old thing.”

You show him the broken spear tip and the rest of your scraps asking if he can do anything with them. He grabs the speartip and passes a finger on the blade

Blacksmith: “Well… this thing still has a working blade, even if it looks really old. This might be some kind of special metal, I don’t think I have ever seen this kind of metal around. I can fix it up. I can either make you a spear, a short spear or a dagger by sharpening this piece and adding more parts. You can save five gold to the normal amount i’d take for the same weapon.”

You thank the blacksmith and tell him you’ll be back as soon as you finish checking what else you can need in town.
>>
No. 625407 ID: 3db70c
File 142420642737.jpg - (82.62KB , 700x600 , 02of3.jpg )
625407

>I say visit the wizard first. Find out what sort of magic shit he's got, and you can get something cool but affordable while still having money for other shit. Better that, than buying something from the blacksmith that would be redundant or drain your pocketbooks enough to make you unable to buy the cool shit. Remember how that slime bracelet saved your life. Magic equipment is very important!

>Things to consider. We frequently get separated from our weapons, so having several is a good thing. Magic items are a huge boon. Finally, a little window shopping never hurt anyone.

You then visit the magic shop, where the Faelkin wizard greets you. He shows you around and you don’t even have to ask him about telling the prices because he seems to be unable to speak and tell you how things work and how much they cost.

Wares:

- Enchantments: Weapon 300 GP (Water: Weapon will never rust, Earth: Weapon duress increased, Fire: Weapon can light up, Air: Weapon is lighter)
- Enchantments: Gear 200 GP (will increase the durability of the gear)
- Hovering torch 150 GP (elemental in a sphere)
- Trollgut elixir 60 GP (Makes you immune to poison and allows you to consume hard food)
- Rage elixir 50 GP (Empowers your strength but your aggressive attidute skyrockets)
- Sleep potions 60 GP (allows to sleep without problems)
- Medallion of sparks 150 GP (create sparks of fire that can be thrown and will illuminate the surrounding)
- Medallion of safety 300 GP(will absorb a spell casted against you. Can be recasted later by breaking the medallion)
- Medallion of nightwatch 200 GP(during night or in low light zones you will be able to see better)
- Magical chest 250 GP (larger inside, can contain up to 100 KG of items. Items inside are protected and stored into a magical dimension)
- Pointing finger 175 GP (Dried ranidae hand eww, Will point out the nearest water source)
- Bracers of Tah-Ser 200 GP (Once per day you can send a powerful electric surge through your hands)
- Magic tablets 75 GP (magic runes inscribed on small clay tablets. They contain a single spell that can be casted by breaking the tablet. Spells available are: Haste (Air: will make you faster for a brief period), Thunder (Lighting: will cause a loud sound at a target location), Elemental resistance (Multiple: will make you resistant to one aligned element), Lightning spark (Lighting: will create a powerful electric surge that can hit a creature), Fireburst (Fire: will create a small fire explosion, emanating from your hand), Rooting sygil (Earth:will sprout magical roots from the ground that can grasp and block movement).
- Magic rings 450 GP ( similar to magic runes but can reuse the same spell once per day)

You remember to ask if they have anything similar to the gem that you have encased in your slime bracelet.

Wizard: “My-my-my! Yes-yes-yes I do! It’s a minor magic aquamarine. I have a spare that should fit. They cost around 30 GP each. They are usually used to enchant weapons by crushing them and using the powder.”

You thank him and tell him you’ll be back as soon as possible.
>>
No. 625408 ID: 3db70c
File 142420645017.jpg - (61.88KB , 700x560 , 03of3.jpg )
625408

You finally check the general store run by the alchemist. The elf greets you kindly and shows you around again. Weird how people are starting to treat you differently now that you seem to have enough money on yourself.

Wares:

- Healing potion: 75 GP
- Treated firewood and portable firestarter 10 GP (protected from water, will burn for a long time)
- Acidic mist bomb 50 GP (if thrown will burst into a small cloud of acid. The acid will make creatures blind)
- Gluebomb 50 GP (if thrown will burst
- Firesprite bomb 50 GP (if thrown will burst in a small fireball)
- Chillspirit bomb 50 GP (if thrown will burst in a puddle of ice)
- Tent 20 GP
- Iron pot 5 GP
- Waterskin 5 GP
- Bedroll 10 GP
- Rations 2 GP per day
- Compass 100 GP
- Hourglass 100 GP
- Magnifying glass 150 GP
- Set of lockpicks 75 GP
- Skeleton keys 100 GP
- Torches 2 GP per piece
- Rope 5 GP per every 20 meters
- Pickaxe 35 GP

You thank the alchemist for the assistance and start pondering.

You have around 650 GP. It’s probably better to not use all the coins you have on you, but you seem to be able to afford enough to be ready for your adventure. Now you only need to decide what to get.
>>
No. 625412 ID: 3db70c

Ok, a bunch of typos/mistakes on these posts have been pointed out. Sorry, when the texts become too long it's easy for me to not notice them.

>>625406
Hardness, not duress on the earth enchantment.

>>625407

"...and you don’t even have to ask him about telling the prices because he seems to be unable to stop talking to you about how things work..."
>>
No. 625413 ID: 9ddf68

>>625406
fix armor, add studs, and have the spear head turned into a knife. You already have the trident so I think a second spear would be a bit redounded.

>>625407
buy a gems for the bracelet. only enchantment I really want right now would maybe be the gear enchantment but I can hold off on that if you don't want to spend that much money.

>>625408
1 healing potion
1 Treated firewood and portable firestarter (mostly just for the firestarter)
1 waterskin
1 tent
5 rations
1 compass so we don't get lost
and 40 meters of rope

does the elf remind anyone else of the mask seller in majora's mask
>>
No. 625415 ID: d958ad

>>625406
Turn the speartip into a dagger- it'd probably be a bit better than the one you have. Get better leather armor, but make sure the "studded leather" is more than just studs. Just putting bits of metal on top of leather is pointless! Lamellar would be a real upgrade. Or do you think the breastplate is light enough? Get that if you're comfortable with it. Also upgrade your shield. Whatever you're comfortable with.

That's around 100-150g.

>>625407
Get that 30 gp gem so that you have another slime bracelet. I'm not sure it'll actually be useful, but maybe you can give it to one of your new companions? Or Gianni could use it, like he can the magic necklace. Oh, and don't forget to ask about the necklace- you know what it should be able to do, but you can't seem to use it. Could the wizard tell you why?

Consider enchanting your armor, unless you can use the second bracelet to give yourself a second slime defense thing.

Buy a haste tablet, and the shock bracers because ZAP.

That's around 300-500g. Maybe we can't afford to enchant your armor, unless you go without the bracers or tablet.

>>625408
Hmm, we're low on general goods. Get a waterskin, a few days of rations, 20 meters of rope, the firewood/firestarter(if the firestarter can be used more than once it'll be useful for other things) and a gluebomb.

That's about 75g.

Yes, it's over budget with the enchantment. Might have to skip it.
>>
No. 625418 ID: 5d2f8c

Let's go by shops with least useful to most useful.

So absolute first thing is rope. 40 meters(10 gold) seems fair enough. 3 torches(6 gold) just in case the elemental fails or we need to set something on fire, 1 set of wood and firestarter(10 gold), 2 waterskins and 5 days worth of rations because he might need extra water and we can almost always buy more rations nearer to the place(10 and 10 gold), 1 extra healing potion to bring us up to 2(75 gold), No bombs because we have a mage, no tent/bedroll because we are hardcore, no magnifying glass, pickaxe, or compass/hourglass because those seem like niche uses in a dungeon, no lockpicks because we have no clue how to use them, no skeleton key because any door it would work on we can probably break through. Total is 121 gold.

Next is the armory. New studded leather armor because its only 10 gold more than trying to bring our old gear up to snuff(50 gold), warmace because we seriously need a bashing weapon (50 gold), fix the blade made of fancy metal into a spear since we already have a dagger and we need some higher range stuff(20 gold). 120 gold; total of 241. No to swords because I dont think we have the skills necesary to weild them well same for shortbow, no to heavy armor because of his preference, no to the shields since our wooden shield downsides(flamible, weak) are offset by our slime covering, no to helmet because his eyes are on top of his head, no to crossbow because that thing is fucking expensive!

No clue on what to get for wizards. Hopefully not the water enchantment or the air enchantment on the mace.
>>
No. 625420 ID: d958ad

>>625418
We don't have a mage. We're getting the fencer, bard, and alchemist.

Also why do you want a spear when we have a quite-possibly magical trident already?
>>
No. 625438 ID: d3be40

Bracelets of Tah-Ser - Should work well with metal weapons. Test it out today using the trident (and one other metal weapon), see if it works and buy it if it does.
Healing potion - Yep.
Magical Chest - You have a LOT of items, better put them in here!

Make sure to talk to Swabluff before buying any of these expensive items. He's a professional so he should be able to tell the difference between a dud and a bargain.
>>
No. 625454 ID: 752fce

Speartip to dagger, then enchant it with fire. Handy weapon and emergency torch!
>>
No. 625842 ID: 28f273
File 142446769225.jpg - (109.98KB , 600x1034 , 01of3.jpg )
625842

>>625413
>>625415
>>625418
>>625438
>>625454

You ask to the wizard if you can try the bracers on and if they'd work with metal weapons.

Wizard:"Yes, sure. They will work just fine. The surge will pass through the metal. Just beware to not use them in water or when conductive materials are touching your skin. You don't want to get fried.

You try on the bracers and hold the dagger in your hand and says the trigger word. You feel the electric surge pass through your hands into the blade, without harming you. Good. You decide to instantly buy it. And a haste tablet as well.

You then return to the blacksmith and ask him how the studded armor works exactly. And if you can try on the breastplate to see if you can move freely. You don't feel the need of upgrading your shield for now, considering that it litterally received no damage during your first expedition

Blacksmith: "Basically i had a second layer of plates made of hard boiled leather, connected to the softer leather behind with metal studs, so that it can still allow a decent freedom of movement while adding another layer to pass through. It's not as safe as other armors, but it's still good."

You then try on the breastplate. You feel a bit stiffier then before, your arms can still move freely, but your chest doesn't manage to bend as you are used to. You decide to pass on for now. You give the dagger and the armor to the blacksmith, telling him that you'll pass when they are ready.

Blacksmith: "I don't have any other work at the moment. I think i can have your stuff ready for tomorrow with no problem."

You pay him for the service and you decide to also buy a new warmace. The trident might be a really good weapon, but you still prefer to have something that can crack skulls with ease. You decide to call the mace "Bonk Jr."

You then get to the general store to restock. You decide to buy the firewood, a waterskin, five rations, a tent, forty meters of rope, three torches and a gluebomb. The compass doesn't seem necessary to you, since your training as a hunter should be sufficient to move around if needed.

After the crazy day of shopping you are left with only fiftynine pieces of gold. But you are sure it should be enough to cover for any cost before the next dungeon, especially since you won't have to pay for sleeping and eating in taverns as long as you keep Swabluff's letter.

As you return to the tavern Talia tells you that she prepared the cold bath as you ask every day. She also asks you why you aren't wearing anything on your chest and you have to explain that you really don't have clothes aside for your armor, your poncho and your pants. And that you left the armor to repair. She tells you she should have something you can use to cover yourself and that she'll leave it outside your door tomorrow morning.

You thank her and go to your room.
>>
No. 625845 ID: 28f273
File 142446796866.jpg - (76.62KB , 700x600 , 02of3.jpg )
625845

You lock the door and move the wooden basin near the window.

You undress and dip into the cold water, while asking Gianni to bring you the egg.

Gianni: ARE YOU GOING AGAIN IN THE MINDLINK?

You nod and ask him to guard them while they are in this state.

Gianni: SURE BUDDY. NO PROBLEM!

You let the water and the stars lull you into sleep, like you used to do back in the swamps.

As you lose consciousness you feel your spirit entering the mindlink.
>>
No. 625847 ID: 28f273
File 142446803863.jpg - (66.25KB , 600x600 , 03of3.jpg )
625847

S'shi'mh: Greetings, Wielder of the Trident. What news from the outside world?
>>
No. 625848 ID: d958ad

>>625847
Tell her about the party your forming and the new dungeon you're going to.

...hey, is it possible your tribe passed down any information about the ritual?
>>
No. 625864 ID: 01745f

Have we already asked who could have sent that demon after her? Swabluff that demons like the one in the temple are usually animal-like, but that one seemed like it was both focused on getting her specifically and more strangely like it knew it needed the amulet to open the door.
>>
No. 625865 ID: 9ddf68

we have a lead. There's a old ruin to the north that might have clues about our old culture and how to preform the ritual to let you hatch.
No promises but at least we have a direction to move towards.
>>
No. 625893 ID: 8f01e8

Would it be possible to trade in your current hovering torch + 50 gold for the medallion of nightwatch? Big advantage of darkvision over a persistent light source is that it doesn't break stealth.

Won't help the rest of the party, but they can worry about their own kit.
>>
No. 625894 ID: d3be40

Play some learning games with S'shi'mh. Ask her as much as you can about dragons; any tidbit could save your life in a dungeon.
>>
No. 626308 ID: 00efa0
File 142472536778.jpg - (69.47KB , 680x610 , 01of2.jpg )
626308

>Tell her about the party your forming and the new dungeon you're going to.

S'shi'mh: Interesting, i guess? Having more people will surely help my cause. And help you survive and fight better.

>have we already asked who could have sent that demon after her? Swabluff that demons like the one in the temple are usually animal-like, but that one seemed like it was both focused on getting her specifically and more strangely like it knew it needed the amulet to open the door.

S'shi'mh: I have no idea, but that's a point i didn't consider. The demon must have been sent after me and it was either controlled somehow or made more intelligent. That's the only thing i can think of unfortunately.

She pauses for a moment and starts scratching her chin

S'shi'mh: And now that i think of, my own mother never came back to check on me. I really worry on what has happened in those dark days. My mother was one of the most powerful dragons in this country. Something dire must have happened indeed.

>we have a lead. There's a old ruin to the north that might have clues about our old culture and how to preform the ritual to let you hatch.
No promises but at least we have a direction to move towards.

>Ask her as much as you can about dragons; any tidbit could save your life in a dungeon.

S'shi'mh: The north you say? mmmh.

S'shi'mh: As the old wielder used to tell me, the north is the realm of the earth dragons. Sturdy and bulky, resiliant and sage. Their dungeons are carved into the mountains and can go as deep as their love for gems and gold. During the days they were served by both Ranidae and Minotaurs. Hopefully if the dungeon is sealed there will be enough informations about the ritual.
>>
No. 626310 ID: 00efa0
File 142472548677.jpg - (60.51KB , 670x600 , 020f2.jpg )
626310

>Would it be possible to trade in your current hovering torch + 50 gold for the medallion of nightwatch? Big advantage of darkvision over a persistent light source is that it doesn't break stealth.

You are sure that selling back items or trade won't keep their original cost. Something to do with merchants share and profit, which you never really cared about. Adventurers makes money with dungeons and treasure, and not with "sales".

>...hey, is it possible your tribe passed down any information about the ritual?

No. Your tribe didn't even know anything about dragons or their own tribe. Not even the shaman that used to chant and commune with nature.

>Play some learning games with S'shi'mh.

That might be an idea. She told you the previous wielder used to help her growth. And since you are currently the only ranidae and wielder of the trident you should probably do something. Problem is, what game could you play with her or what could you do to help her growth anymore?
>>
No. 626311 ID: 1f2a28

There's always Cheat, but that's really boring with only two people. Same with Go Fish or any other game that relies on knowing what the other person has with a limited number of objects. Technically it could be a learning method for the process of elimination, but only if the previous Wielder was really bad at teaching.

Ten Thousand (the dice game where you roll for a specific number of points without going over), can provide lessons in risk management, but then I just start to wonder about the feasibly of truly random results in a mind-space.

Beyond that, I don't know what kind of games would be both entertaining and educating. Well, that would be doable in this space. Are there even props here?
>>
No. 626321 ID: a0f3a9

...I feel like the dragon is probably smarter than us. Maybe we could get (her?) to teach us to read? My point is we could probably learn more from here than the other way around. Unless she wants to learn about looting corpses and stealing. Then we got it covered.
>>
No. 626325 ID: d958ad

Ask her about how the previous wielder helped her grow and stuff. Perhaps you can continue in their footsteps, instead of making something up on the fly?
>>
No. 626333 ID: d3be40

>>626310
Introduce her to some old board games, and challenge her to develop a method which allows her to beat each game 100% of the time. This should help increase her logic.

You don't need to be a tactical genius to confirm her game strategies. Just pick moves at random (unless those moves are really, really stupid) and see if her strategy can beat you 100% of the time.

Find some old textbooks, memorize the pages, and see if she can help you learn to read as you teach her how the stuff in the pictures work.
>>
No. 626374 ID: b5b419

>>626310
Are there any songs, music, or just stories and tales you've learned?
>>
No. 626672 ID: f06111
File 142495981748.jpg - (76.50KB , 600x800 , 01of3.jpg )
626672

>There's always Cheat, but that's really boring with only two people. Same with Go Fish or any other game that relies on knowing what the other person has with a limited number of objects. Technically it could be a learning method for the process of elimination, but only if the previous Wielder was really bad at teaching. Ten Thousand (the dice game where you roll for a specific number of points without going over), can provide lessons in risk management, but then I just start to wonder about the feasibly of truly random results in a mind-space.

>Introduce her to some old board games, and challenge her to develop a method which allows her to beat each game 100% of the time. This should help increase her logic. You don't need to be a tactical genius to confirm her game strategies. Just pick moves at random (unless those moves are really, really stupid) and see if her strategy can beat you 100% of the time.

>Beyond that, I don't know what kind of games would be both entertaining and educating. Well, that would be doable in this space. Are there even props here?

Oh yeah...

Playing games can be difficult since there is litterally nothing around.

S'shi'mh:I can't avoid noticing you have this habit of looking around when you are here, something is bothering you?

You tell her that you were thinking of playing something with her, but that you have no idea how to do that, since you are both floating in nothingness.

S'shi'mh:Oh. Just think of what you want and focus on it, while in the mindlink you can create mental constructs without problems.

She stretches her hands out and conjures a cup.

Well that's neat. You focus for a bit and creates a bunch of dices. And you explain the rules to the young dragon and you both start playing.

It seems that S'shi'mh is quite enjoying it. You imagine that she hasn't had many stimuli after the demon attack wiped out the temple.
>>
No. 626673 ID: f06111
File 142496059126.jpg - (73.89KB , 700x600 , 02of3.jpg )
626673

>Find some old textbooks, memorize the pages, and see if she can help you learn to read as you teach her how the stuff in the pictures work.

>...I feel like the dragon is probably smarter than us. Maybe we could get (her?) to teach us to read? My point is we could probably learn more from here than the other way around. Unless she wants to learn about looting corpses and stealing. Then we got it covered.

You ask her if she can teach you how to read.

S'shi'mh: Sure. The previous wielder taught me how to read both draconian runes and Ranidae runes. I can teach you how to interpret them

You also realise that you can ask Gianni to help too, since it seems he's able to read and talk a lot of languages

>Ask her about how the previous wielder helped her grow and stuff. Perhaps you can continue in their footsteps, instead of making something up on the fly?

S'shi'mh: He used to teach me the ways of the dragons and old tales. He also used to teach me the basic of magic and lordship. I have to be honest most of his tales were rather boring and about old battles and songs...

>Are there any songs, music, or just stories and tales you've learned?

You know a lot of stories, both from your tribe and from that time those adventurers came to your village. Actually... Their stories were quite interesting. They were the reason you decided to start the adventuring career.

You ask her if she wants to hear some interesting tales of adventurers, danger, monsters and dungeons.

She waves her tails in excitement and agrees.

You start recollecting all the tales you have been told.

The little dragon is enthralled by the stories. she gasps at every turn of event and laughs at any funny thing that happens. It makes you realize that even if she's centuries old she might still be a cub afterall.

After what seem to be several hours of tales, you tell her that you need to wake up and finish your preparations.

She makes you promise to tell her more stories. And you agree, you have a lot of those that you remember, and you can get books and get Gianni to narrate you, until you'll be able to finally read yourself.
>>
No. 626674 ID: f06111
File 142496114553.jpg - (78.67KB , 600x790 , 03of3.jpg )
626674

The next two days pass quickly enough, you finish the preparations by retrieving the last of your gear, asking the barmaid if you can borrow books with tales and she gives you her old fairytale book.

Gianni agrees to teach you how to read, and you start learning from him the basic language. So far you even managed to learn how to recognize "A" and "C".

Finally, Swabluff calls you in the morning. he's standing in front of a stagecoach.

Swabluff: "I have made all the preparations. The rest of the party will meet you at the tavern in Barakka. I am sure you'll easily recognize them or they'll easily recognize you. This stagecoach will bring you to the town in less than two days. Which is quite better than walking eh? Anything else you need before departing, boy?"
>>
No. 626676 ID: b6178d

>>626674

Thank him.

Thank him profusely.
>>
No. 626680 ID: 5d2f8c

>>626676
Yeah, just think how terrible and boring your life would be right now without him. You owe him man.
>>
No. 626683 ID: d3be40

>>626674
A small list of businesses that Swabluff owns wouldn't hurt. That way, you can tell when you have access to a good opportunity to use your connections with him.

Also, ask where he's planning on going in three months, two weeks, and four days. You'll want to meet up with him later to discuss your progress.
>>
No. 626687 ID: 9ddf68

...I have no clue how we're going to repay this guy. I mean you were about ten minutes away from becoming a highway man just so you'd have some coin to pay for food and then he came alone and jump started your adventuring career and lead us to something that proves that your people use to be more then just a bunch of swamp dwelling tribals that hide from the outside world. Really no idea how we could repay him for something like that.
>>
No. 626697 ID: fe4bfc

Tell him he has made a friend for life and if he ever needs anything you can help with all he has to do is ask.
>>
No. 626716 ID: d958ad

>>626674
BRO HUG
>>
No. 626875 ID: 48ead5
File 142506766259.jpg - (96.11KB , 1015x600 , 01of3.jpg )
626875

>A small list of businesses that Swabluff owns wouldn't hurt. That way, you can tell when you have access to a good opportunity to use your connections with him.

You ask specifically what kind of business are related to his family.

Swabluff: "Mostly taverns and general stores. I have a bunch of alchemist shops both in Barakka and Redboat too. Just look for whatever shop carries my symbol and you'll know it belongs to my family."

>Also, ask where he's planning on going in three months, two weeks, and four days. You'll want to meet up with him later to discuss your progress.

Swabluff: "I'm probably going to be rather busy with certain things that i need to attend to. But as long as you keep your conch, you should always be able to contact me. Just don't wake me up during the night unless it's really important. I'm old and i need my sleep HAHAHAH!"

>Thank him. Thank him profusely.

>Yeah, just think how terrible and boring your life would be right now without him. You owe him man.

>...I have no clue how we're going to repay this guy. I mean you were about ten minutes away from becoming a highway man just so you'd have some coin to pay for food and then he came alone and jump started your adventuring career and lead us to something that proves that your people use to be more then just a bunch of swamp dwelling tribals that hide from the outside world. Really no idea how we could repay him for something like that.

>Tell him he has made a friend for life and if he ever needs anything you can help with all he has to do is ask.

>BRO HUG

You start thanking him again for everything he did for you, but he immediately stops you.

Swabluff: "I told you already that there is no need for you to thank me. It's true, if it wasn't for this encounter we'd never discover the history of your race. But it's also true that i put you in mortal danger. And i feel the need to make up for it. Don't worry about anything but yourself and your mission. May the god of luck look upon you with a favorable eye."

You grab each other wrist and shake a goodbye greeting.
>>
No. 626876 ID: 48ead5
File 142506781527.jpg - (57.25KB , 600x600 , 02of3.jpg )
626876

You board the stagecoach and wave goodbye as it leaves the village. Swabluff waves you back as Talia starts whispering something to him.

The trip should take two days as Swabluff told you, so you get yourself comfortable while Gianni leaves the security of the bag.

Gianni: SO OUR QUEST FINALLY STARTED?

You nod to him

Gianni: NICE
>>
No. 626877 ID: 48ead5
File 142506837705.jpg - (65.21KB , 715x600 , 03of3.jpg )
626877

You have lost track of the time as the view of the countryside quickly moves from your window.

You decide to close the blinds and take a nap to fight the boredom.

And you are woken up sometime later by the sudden stop of the stagecoach that almost throw you across the room.

You regain your balance but before you manage to even shout a complain to the driver you hear something coming from outside.

Voices.

You move closer to the blinds and start listening

???(1): "i told yah not to move, you imbecile! Hands up and you might keep your stinky blood inside you."

???(2): "Is someone in the coach? Bert go chek it out."

Bert: "What. why me?"

???(1): "Shut up and go!"
>>
No. 626878 ID: 2867fb

weapons ready. prepare to murdilate whoever looks in.
>>
No. 626881 ID: d958ad

>>626877
Bandits. Figures. Sounds like there are three of them. Spear Bert as soon as he opens the door.

Gianni should be with you. Maybe someone will be wearing an armband or necklace he can move to, doing that dismemberment trick again like he used on the demon. Or heck, even a ring- losing a finger suddenly is a great distraction.
>>
No. 626887 ID: 01745f

I bet it would surprise them if Gianni occupies the wagon door while he opens it, then quickly returns to the necklace while you stab the surprised bandit.
>>
No. 626889 ID: 9ddf68

oh, highwaymen. Irony.

Whelp wait for him to open the door and attack. You probably got surprise on your side here.
>>
No. 626910 ID: d3be40

Head out and take down the bandits, but scan the area for long-range targets!

Be careful: bandits are people too! Which means they can be intelligent as regular adventurers.

Plan: Shock them unconscious.
>>
No. 626920 ID: 3c17ca

>>626877
>>626887
Shock the one that opens the door, and then it's time for Bonk Jr. to earn it's keep.
>>
No. 627223 ID: c18f41
File 142523807950.jpg - (66.16KB , 690x600 , 01of3.jpg )
627223

>I bet it would surprise them if Gianni occupies the wagon door while he opens it, then quickly returns to the necklace while you stab the surprised bandit.

>Gianni should be with you. Maybe someone will be wearing an armband or necklace he can move to, doing that dismemberment trick again like he used on the demon. Or heck, even a ring- losing a finger suddenly is a great distraction.

That's a good idea. You turn quickly to tell Gianni about your plan.
Just to see it hiding under the seats in fear. It seems it still doesn't feel brave enough to fight.

>weapons ready. prepare to murdilate whoever looks in.

>Whelp wait for him to open the door and attack. You probably got surprise on your side here.

>Bandits. Figures. Sounds like there are three of them. Spear Bert as soon as he opens the door.

>Plan: Shock them unconscious.

>Shock the one that opens the door

Using the trident in this situation isn't the best idea, due to the configuration of the inside of the coach you are not sure you'd be able to thrust it with ease.

You wait for Bert to open the door and instantly grab his face with your right hand. You then activate the bracers and send a powerful electric surge straight into his head.

Bert: "Asfgaghghghgh!"
>>
No. 627226 ID: c18f41
File 142523828663.jpg - (81.53KB , 745x600 , 02of3.jpg )
627226

>Head out and take down the bandits, but scan the area for long-range targets!

>Be careful: bandits are people too! Which means they can be intelligent as regular adventurers.

>and then it's time for Bonk Jr. to earn it's keep.

You grab Bonk Jr and head out from the stagecoach. Let's see which skulls you need to crack to get back to your trip.
>>
No. 627227 ID: 8bd2b1

Is he foaming at the mouth? Badass.
>>
No. 627228 ID: c18f41
File 142523854724.jpg - (133.57KB , 900x768 , 03of3.jpg )
627228

There are only 3 bandits as far as you can see. a goblin with a unloaded crossbow, a human with a pegleg and...

Oh great. They have an ogre...

human(2): "What the hell is that thing?"

goblin(1): "That's a frogman, Clyde. They live in da swamp, not far from here, in tribes tha-"

Clyde: "Shut up Kurt!"

Ogre: "Is Bert sleepy sleepy?"

Clyde: "Shut up Bukk!"
>>
No. 627229 ID: bd8b82

fling knife at crossbow goblin.
>>
No. 627230 ID: 6cb462

Smile to scare them away
>>
No. 627234 ID: 1d0113

>>627230
upvote smile.
>>
No. 627237 ID: d958ad

Tell them you killed a demon a few days ago. Do they really want to try their luck against you?
>>
No. 627238 ID: 3c17ca

>>627228
>>627234
This is a two parter, but Gianni is part of the team. Smile real big, but let Gianni inhabit the space that is your mouth. We need tentacles eyes and horrors coming out of that maw, and we need it now.

Anyone who is still standing, gets the bonk. If the ogre wants to fight, it gets the trident.
>>
No. 627251 ID: 9ddf68

"so you guys here want to have some fun?"
then give them your biggest smile. It will either provoke them into attacking before they can come up with a plan, stun them letting you close the distance, or scare them away.
>>
No. 627256 ID: a19cd5

>>627238
oh man that's a great idea, but probably not doable right now considering Gianni fears conflict as much as he does.
>>
No. 627350 ID: 1f1d59

>>627228
Theres probably someone next to the carraige driver so be careful. Also, why is the goblin walking around with an uncocked crossbow?
>>
No. 627422 ID: 0285a4
File 142532652662.jpg - (65.47KB , 620x600 , 01of4.jpg )
627422

>fling knife at crossbow goblin.

>Smile to scare them away

>upvote smile

>Tell them you killed a demon a few days ago. Do they really want to try their luck against you?

>This is a two parter, but Gianni is part of the team. Smile real big, but let Gianni inhabit the space that is your mouth. We need tentacles eyes and horrors coming out of that maw, and we need it now.

>"so you guys here want to have some fun?" Then give them your biggest smile. It will either provoke them into attacking before they can come up with a plan, stun them letting you close the distance, or scare them away.

>Theres probably someone next to the carraige driver so be careful. Also, why is the goblin walking around with an uncocked crossbow?

You start moving slowly toward them. Taunting them by telling how you killed a demon not even a week ago.

Clyde: "yeah sure, Frogface."

You decided to distract them with a smile while you reach for your dagger. You think about asking gianni to help you, but it's still cowering in fear under the seat.

Clyde: “…”

Clyde: “…”

Clyde: “…”

Clyde: “Please don’t do that ever again”
>>
No. 627423 ID: 0285a4
File 142532674572.jpg - (78.39KB , 930x550 , 02of4.jpg )
627423

Clyde: "L-l-listen buddy. We don't want any troubles..."

He steps back as you finally manage to reach for you dagger

Clyde: "RUN BOYS!"

the bandits run as fast as they can

Bukk: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAH SCARY FROGGY!"

Uh...

Ok, that wasn't your plan, but anything works you guess.
>>
No. 627425 ID: 0285a4
File 142532691594.jpg - (74.78KB , 800x512 , 03of4.jpg )
627425

You go check if the coach driver is fine.

The old Houndling seems to be rather unfazed about what happened.

You ask him if he's ok.

Driver: "Yes, sir. I'm glad the goblin missed me when you startled him and he accidentally fired the crossbow, sir. That would have been quite the pickle, sir"

You apologize for putting him in danger

Driver: "No problem, sir. It's part of the job, sir. You just get used to it, sir"
>>
No. 627428 ID: 0285a4
File 142532699627.jpg - (50.81KB , 800x384 , 04of4.jpg )
627428

You go check the first bandit that you shocked.

He's still foaming and unconscious, but he's still alive. You might need to decide on what to do with him.
>>
No. 627431 ID: d958ad

>>627428
Tie him up with the rope we've got, turn him over to the guards in the next city.
>>
No. 627432 ID: f4096e

>>627428
Interrogate him.
Smile while you do so :)
>>
No. 627443 ID: dccc95

Leave him
>>
No. 627450 ID: 696535

We have no reason to interrogate this man. He's just your common bandit. Just turn him in.
>>
No. 627451 ID: d3be40

You're going into a deathtrap with dragon eggs as the bait.

Send this idiot in first. (With fair equipment)
>>
No. 627474 ID: 3009b4

Is the bandit edible in any way?
>>
No. 627504 ID: 3c17ca

>>627428
Bracelet of slime. time for deep cavity search.

Option A.
Although all horrors aside, see what he has that is good. Loot him, leave him in his skivvies. Give his hat to our driver. he looks like he needs a hat.

option B.
Tie him up and bring him along as fodder. Seems weak enough to control, and the one thing our band of merry men is missing is a good theif...or a bad theif, given his track record with you. Besides his party abandoned him.

Option C.
Steal everything, tie him to a tree in his skivvies, and then offer him a chance for adventure. use him as fodder.
>>
No. 627567 ID: 256d52

Check with the houndling what the process is if you capture a bandit. Otherwise just take his valuable and roll him off the road.
>>
No. 627697 ID: af3c33

>>627432
Don’t overdo the smile. It’s special and I don’t want anyone to possible get used to it.

>>627431
This is the correct response. Tie him up, keep him away from all his equipment, including knives which he might have on his body, and bring him to the next guard-post.
>>
No. 627721 ID: 6cb462

>>627697
upvote for this decision
>>
No. 627742 ID: ca34bb
File 142549953230.jpg - (88.68KB , 800x580 , 01of1.jpg )
627742

>Is the bandit edible in any way?

Eww. You are not going to eat a humanoid anytime soon. At least not an elf. You heard they are all skin and bones.

>Interrogate him. Smile while you do so :)

You are not sure what kind of information you can get by a common bandit to be honest.

>You're going into a deathtrap with dragon eggs as the bait.Send this idiot in first. (With fair equipment)

>Tie him up and bring him along as fodder. Seems weak enough to control, and the one thing our band of merry men is missing is a good theif...or a bad theif, given his track record with you. Besides his party abandoned him.

>Steal everything, tie him to a tree in his skivvies, and then offer him a chance for adventure. use him as fodder.

You need people you can trust in this adventure, you are sure it will be a rather bad idea to bring someone you don't even know and that wasn't suggested by Swabluff.

>Bracelet of slime. time for deep cavity search.

Nope nope nope nope.

>Tie him up with the rope we've got, turn him over to the guards in the next city.

>We have no reason to interrogate this man. He's just your common bandit. Just turn him in.

>Check with the houndling what the process is if you capture a bandit. Otherwise just take his valuable and roll him off the road.

>This is the correct response. Tie him up, keep him away from all his equipment, including knives which he might have on his body, and bring him to the next guard-post.

You ask the driver what you should do with the bandit.

Driver: "You can hand him to the authorities, sir. That's usually what you do with outlaws, sir. Or you can kill him, sir."

You decide to tie him up after looting him.

he only has 30 gold coins on him, half a bottle of some sort of watered alcoholic beverage, a rather unkept leater armor and a handaxe. Still better than nothing.

You ask the Driver if he wants his bandana

Driver: "No, thank you, sir. I'm good, sir"

You pull the bandit into the stagecoach and go back to your trip.

The rest of the voyage goes smooth. The bandit woke up only once to immediately faint after seeing your face. You might have traumatized him.

In the afternoon of the second day you finally hear the driver shouting that you are almost arrived.

the village of Barakka sits on top of a hill, a large and tall tower stands in the middle of it.
>>
No. 627743 ID: ca34bb
File 142549973063.jpg - (54.38KB , 600x600 , 02of2.jpg )
627743

First thing you do after saying goodbye to the driver is handing over to the guards the unconscious bandit.

The guards give you 15 gold for your services to the country and rudely send you on your way.

You start searching for the tavern, looking for Swabluff's crest on the shop's signs.

You finally arrive at a large squareish building with no windows in the front that has the McBluff crest on it and a small symbol representing a mug of beer. That's the tavern where you are supposed to wait for the rest of your new party.

You can hear music being played inside.
>>
No. 627745 ID: bd8b82

walk in like a BOSS.
>>
No. 627746 ID: dccc95

enter with full swagger
>>
No. 627758 ID: d3be40

Persuade:
Peek through the door, then kick it open and crack a funny joke or five.

Intimidate:
Have Gianni meld through the door frame and scare everyone. Then walk through him, and smile.
>>
No. 627761 ID: d958ad

>>627758
That seems like a good way to get killed.

>>627743
Go in, ignore basically everyone unless you notice someone who might be the other party members, and get a beer.
>>
No. 627766 ID: c7dcae

>>627761
Yeah, just walk in normally and grab a drink.
>>
No. 627800 ID: b5b419

>>627743
Don't act crazy, just walk in. People are going to stare at you anyway.
>>
No. 627821 ID: 3c17ca

>>627743
be your normal indifferent froggy self. Keep a low profile but check out what is going on around you, observe the scenery, see what people are doing and if there is anything interesting.
>>
No. 627823 ID: 8bd2b1

>>627821
No, we must maximum overswag.
>>
No. 627844 ID: 1414fe
File 142558600430.jpg - (104.30KB , 1000x660 , 01of3.jpg )
627844

>walk in like a BOSS.

>enter with full swagger

>No, we must maximum overswag.

>Persuade: Peek through the door, then kick it open and crack a funny joke or five.

You don't really feel like focusing other people attention to you. Considering you are still carrying a living dragon egg.

>Intimidate: Have Gianni meld through the door frame and scare everyone. Then walk through him, and smile.

That would probably lead to problems with the guards, and again you'd prefer to keep a low profile, at least as low as being the only ranidae around in this town.

>Go in, ignore basically everyone unless you notice someone who might be the other party members, and get a beer.

>Yeah, just walk in normally and grab a drink.

>Don't act crazy, just walk in. People are going to stare at you anyway.

>be your normal indifferent froggy self. Keep a low profile but check out what is going on around you, observe the scenery, see what people are doing and if there is anything interesting.

You open the door of the tavern and keeping a low profile isn't hard at all, considering that all the patrons seem to be busy paying attention to something happening in the middle of the tavern.

Someone is singing and playing a happy song, while everyone else claps alongside the rhythm and the chorus part of the song.

Moved by curiosity you get closer to see who is singing.

Standing between two young females dancing around there is a weird dwarf with a triforked beard and a rather large nose. You also finally manage to hear what the other people are chanting

Patrons: "TAH-KAH-BAN-DAH! TAH-KAH-BAN-DAH!"

Your first party member managed to arrive to the meeting point before you, apparently.
>>
No. 627846 ID: 1414fe
File 142558617063.jpg - (64.00KB , 630x600 , 02of3.jpg )
627846

The dwarf notice you among the crowd and nods a salute, while pointing a table with his lute.

You move there and grab a seat. It will probably take him a while to end the song and you imagine that the patrons would propably not be happy if you interrupts their fun.

The seat on your right has a large battlehorn hanging on it. Clearly the horn that Swabluff mentioned during your conversations.

It emanates a weird aura and it smells like a mix of lavander and oils.
>>
No. 627847 ID: bd8b82

watch the show and when he takes a break introduce yourself. don't smile.
>>
No. 627848 ID: 1414fe
File 142558659093.jpg - (70.62KB , 660x600 , 03of3.jpg )
627848

After several minutes you finally hear the music slow down and stop.

The patrons keep asking for encores and new songs but you clearly hear the loud voice of Takabanda over everyone's else.

Takabanda: "SORRY LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! FOR NOW THE SHOW IS OVER. I HAVE TO ATTEND TO IMPORTANT BUSINESSES, BUT FEAR NOT! I PROMISE THERE WILL BE MORE SONGS AS LONG AS I STAY HERE! THAT'S A PROMISE FROM TAKABANDA!"

the tavern slowly returns to its normal state, with all the different groups of people back at their tables and minding their businesses.

The dwarf clops up to you and bows

Takabanda: "Greetings, my froggy friend! I am the great Takabanda Rosamundo Tremebondo Gottascream. The wraith singer. The howler of Grandos. Four times winner of the great bard competition. Poet, adventurer and great lover! At your service!"
>>
No. 627849 ID: dccc95

My name is Flycatcher Vattelappeska, one time winner of a dungeon.
>>
No. 627853 ID: bd8b82

>>627849
don't forget "and demonslayer"
even if we had help.
>>
No. 627860 ID: 9ddf68

give him your name and ask if you need to give tittles.
>>
No. 627867 ID: d958ad

>>627848
Introduce yourself, hey maybe "Wielder of the Trident" is a title? Come to think of it we didn't get the trident checked for magic. Gianni can't check it, there's no frame on it.
>>
No. 627869 ID: 8f01e8

>>627867
Could Gianni inhabit some temporary frame created by bridging the tines of the trident with a spoon or something?
>>
No. 627872 ID: 01745f

>>627849
One time winner of a dungeon, and greatest ranidae adventurer of this age by default.
>>
No. 627927 ID: d90e2c
File 142567559308.jpg - (58.66KB , 800x520 , 01of2.jpg )
627927

>Come to think of it we didn't get the trident checked for magic. Gianni can't check it, there's no frame on it.
>Could Gianni inhabit some temporary frame created by bridging the tines of the trident with a spoon or something?

(the trident has been checked for magic. Gianni is able to tell if an item is magical just by touching it. It doesn't have to possess it. And yes, it can possess spaces that are temporarly enclosed.)

>give him your name and ask if you need to give tittles

You ask him if titles are needed.

Takabanda: "LORDS, YES! Remember: titles let other people know what you did and what you are good at! It what divides Bob from Klagger the slayer of gargoyles, the hunter of Demonwolves. Which one do you think ballads are sang about and stories are written on? There is no need to be modest in our profession! Not everyone can be there when you do something amazing. It's what i do for a living, trust me."

>My name is Flycatcher Vattelappeska, one time winner of a dungeon.

>don't forget "and demonslayer"

>Introduce yourself, hey maybe "Wielder of the Trident" is a title?

>One time winner of a dungeon, and greatest ranidae adventurer of this age by default.

You ponder about it for a moment and then decide to introduce yourself properly.

You present yourself as Flycatcher Vattelappeska, from the swamps of Nomore east. Winner of the hidden dungeon, slayer of demon, wielder of the trident and greatest ranidae adventurer of this age by default.

Takabanda smiles doubles in size and he slams his fist on the table.

Takabanda: "THERE WE GO! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I like your style, Flycatcher. Swabluff told me that you are new to this world of adventuring. And so is going to be one of our other members. But there is nothing to worry about! Together we shall write the greatest story that will be singed and told in every house, castle and tavern! That's a promise from Takabanda!"
>>
No. 627929 ID: d90e2c
File 142567601661.jpg - (87.41KB , 800x600 , 02of2.jpg )
627929

Takabanda asks you to tell him about your adventure in the dungeon,

Time passes as you describe what happened, how you foguht the demon and almost died twice, how you killed him and what you found in that expedition.

Takabanda listens to everything you say with attention, smiling and laughing at a couple of anectodes. He also order lunch for both of you and start consuming.

While eating and continuing the tale, the door of the tavern opens again, and a young female faelkin enters, with an unsure walk and nervous look on her face.

She starts looking around, and as soon as she spots you her face relaxes a bit.

She walks up to you two and introduces herself.

Sizzle: "Uuh. Greetings. My name is Sizzle Bluefeather McBluff. I guess you must be sir Vattelappeska and sir Loudmouth. I... i am your new companion"

There is a hint of nervousness in her voice.
>>
No. 627932 ID: d958ad

>>627929
(I bet Swabluff calls Takabanda "Loudmouth" and she called him that out of habit)
Welcome her to the party. Glad to help another novice adventurer on the road to fame! Tell her to forgive you if you don't smile, people don't like it when yo do that. Tell her to have a seat, and ask what sort of potions she can make. What's it like being adopted by Swabluff, anyway?
>>
No. 627933 ID: 01745f

>>627932
That works.
(Looking back, Loudmouth is the name of his haunted instrument.)
>>
No. 627939 ID: 9ddf68

welcome to the party, now come, take a set and start tell us about yourself, we still have some time to kill until the last guy shows up.
>>
No. 627946 ID: b2a981

>>627929
Cover hand in magic slime, offer hand-fast to burd.
>>
No. 627948 ID: d3be40

Buy her some drinks and see if she immediately starts experimenting on them.
>>
No. 628005 ID: d3be40

Show her the egg and watch her squeal in delight.
>>
No. 628140 ID: 6cb462

Tell your new friends that the last person you are expecting, Alaiv, is known for having a really bad stench, so they may want to prepare for that.
>>
No. 628406 ID: 9d7269
File 142593442742.jpg - (86.13KB , 840x600 , 01of5.jpg )
628406

Takabanda: "The name is Gottascream, young lady. Loudmouth was my Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandfather. All that remains of him is this old horn"

the poor Faelkin starts stuttering, completely embarassed

Sizzle: "I am r-r-really s-s-sorry s-s-ir... I..."

>Welcome her to the party. Glad to help another novice adventurer on the road to fame!

>welcome to the party

You get up and offer your hand to Sizzle and greet her to the party. She seems to relax a bit and shakes your hand vigorously.

Takabanda: "Hey, no need to stress out. You aren't the first one to call me like that hahahah. Our entire family is filled of loudmouths. Even your dad took days before getting my name right hahaha!"
>>
No. 628408 ID: 9d7269
File 142593548539.jpg - (80.05KB , 880x600 , 02of5.jpg )
628408

>Cover hand in magic slime, offer hand-fast to burd.

That sounds just rude!

>Tell her to forgive you if you don't smile, people don't like it when yo do that.

You excuse yourself for not smiling too much and you explain how people tend to react.

Sizzle: "Oh i'm sure it's not that bad"

You assure her it's that bad apparently.

>Tell her to have a seat, and ask what sort of potions she can make. What's it like being adopted by Swabluff, anyway?

>take a set and start tell us about yourself, we still have some time to kill until the last guy shows up.

>Buy her some drinks and see if she immediately starts experimenting on them.

She sits down while you order some drinks and look as she chugs them in a single gulp. Looks like she was just thirsty.

Sizzle: "Well i just graduated from the alchemy school in Fael. I'm an expert in making healing potions and regeneration potions. If you have healing potions on you i can enpower them with no problems. I'm also able to create different kinds of bombs and volatile concotions. From simple smoke screens to coldsnap traps. I can create balms and vapours that will make you stronger or faster, but those have a lot of contro-indications. You'll feel pain as soon as the effect ends. And for last i can make alchemical oil to make everyone's weapons stronger.

Sizzle: "And i was really lucky to be adopted by sir Swabluff. He could have just sent me to jail or have my hand cut, but he decided to take me in his house and give me an education. Actually my entire reason to join this expedition is to pay him back as much as i can for his trust and help."

Takabanda: "Dawww, that's cute. I'm just here because i owe Swabluff big time for his help on an old dungeon expedition."

Sizzle: "The dwarven sex dungeon?"

Takabanda: "Yup"

You decide to change subject as quickly as you can. by ordering more drinks.

>Show her the egg and watch her squeal in delight.

You prefer to show the egg later, when all the party is here and in a probably in a place where no one else can see. Swabluff told you how much a dragon egg can be worth.
>>
No. 628409 ID: 9d7269
File 142593566026.jpg - (56.74KB , 640x500 , 03of5.jpg )
628409

>Tell your new friends that the last person you are expecting, Alaiv, is known for having a really bad stench, so they may want to prepare for that.

You start telling them how the next companion smell could be rather awful when you hear someone talking right behind you.

Alaiv: "Well, i'd say my smell it's not that bad, Sir!"

Well crap. That's a nice way to present yourself to a new member. You turn around to apologize about the smell comment.

And when you see who the guy talking is, your jaw drops to the ground.
>>
No. 628411 ID: 9d7269
File 142593579872.jpg - (60.65KB , 500x800 , 04of5.jpg )
628411

Alaiv: "Allow me to introduce myself properly. Sir Theodore Alaiv, the Garlic Knight. At your service!"

You are unable to reply. as you keep staring at him.

You did find his voice familiar.

This is not the first time you have met.
>>
No. 628412 ID: 9d7269
File 142593593308.jpg - (47.24KB , 680x600 , 05of5.jpg )
628412

Last time you saw him he was telling stories about his adventures in your village.

His stories were the reason you started thinking about adventuring.

In front of you there is the reason of all that has happened so far.

And you are going on an adventure with him.
>>
No. 628414 ID: bd8b82

ask what he wants to drink. and say swabluff said it.
>>
No. 628415 ID: d958ad

>>628412
Are you not aware he is a skeleton?

Shake his hand and tell him he is your inspiration!
>>
No. 628416 ID: 9ddf68

shake hand, invite him to the table, offer food and drink, ask if he recalls telling some stories well passing through your swamp.
>>
No. 628417 ID: 6cb462

Go all fan boy on him! ask for his autograph! have him sign your Bonk Jr!

Afterwards, realize how much of a fool you've made yourself out to be.
>>
No. 628423 ID: 696535

>>628412
Begin sweating from excitement.
>>
No. 628531 ID: 2dde62

>garlic knight

Wait

I thought Swabluff called him the onion knight?
>>
No. 628573 ID: 256d52

Apologise and then tell him about the first time you met.
>>
No. 628588 ID: 948196

i did not know skeletons where a thing, judging by how flimsy his disguise is i'm assuming most other people don't either. That or everyone else is just to polite to say anything.
>>
No. 628608 ID: d3be40

>>628415
>>628531
He could be trying out different remedies to preserve his bones. That would explain the bulky shirt and foul odor.
>>
No. 628611 ID: b6178d

If he IS a skeleton in disguise, a) he is unlikely to be a BAD skeleton and b) this might not be a wise place to bring it up. If he isn't, you're only making a fool of yourself by jumping to that conclusion. Probably best to let that issue lie until later, when we've gotten to know him better.

For now, well, apologize, as intended, for the smell comment (which -was- rude, whether true or not). THEN you may reminisce about the past to him, and his role in turning you into a ranidae adventurer, accidentally leading to this whole expedition in the first place!
>>
No. 628721 ID: bbb158
File 142610892021.jpg - (69.90KB , 720x600 , 01of2.jpg )
628721

>Are you not aware he is a skeleton?

>i did not know skeletons where a thing, judging by how flimsy his disguise is i'm assuming most other people don't either. That or everyone else is just to polite to say anything.

>If he IS a skeleton in disguise, a) he is unlikely to be a BAD skeleton and b) this might not be a wise place to bring it up. If he isn't, you're only making a fool of yourself by jumping to that conclusion. Probably best to let that issue lie until later, when we've gotten to know him better.

A skeleton? you thought that he looked just like the other humans you have met so far. To be honest they kinda all look the same to you.

>Begin sweating from excitement.

You are like a slimy fountain of nervousness

>Go all fan boy on him! ask for his autograph! have him sign your Bonk Jr!

You jump up from your seat and move toward him breathing heavily. You grab the handle of the mace hoping he'll sign it. Till you realize that you still don't know how to read so it will be kind of pointless...

>Afterwards, realize how much of a fool you've made yourself out to be.

>Apologise and then tell him about the first time you met.

>For now, well, apologize, as intended, for the smell comment (which -was- rude, whether true or not). THEN you may reminisce about the past to him, and his role in turning you into a ranidae adventurer, accidentally leading to this whole expedition in the first place!

>Shake his hand and tell him he is your inspiration!

>Wait, I thought Swabluff called him the onion knight?

You manage to collect yourself and shake Sir Alaiv's hand while hearing Takabanda snickering behind you.

You apologize for the rude comment about the smell and tell that's how Swabluff introduced him. You also ask him why he called himself the garlic Knight instead of the title given by Swabluff.

Alaiv: "HAH! Poor McBluff is getting old i see. But no, my title is garlic knight, you know why?"

He bends near you and you finally realize how much his breath and body reeks. It's only noticeable when you get extremely close to him apparently.

Alaiv "Because vampires are repelled by it. That's why i always keep myself like this. Sneaky monsters are the worst. They'll suck your blood and break your neck before you realize."

You look at him weirdly and agree.

You then tell him that you two have met already, and it's his turn to stare at you for a few seconds

Alaiv: "OH! I didn't recognize you with your clothes on!"

Takabanda explodes in a horrid laughter.

Alaiv: "Well, that came out wrong, i fear. But i do remember you from when my trip in the swamp. You were always the first one to arrive and the last one to go away when i was telling my stories."

You tell him that those stories are what made you decide to become an adventurer.

Alaiv: "That's great!" He says proudly "I'm happy to have sparked the flame of someone's adventuring spirit! I am sure this adventure will be a great experience for everyone!"
>>
No. 628722 ID: bbb158
File 142610935143.jpg - (81.46KB , 1160x500 , 02of2.jpg )
628722

You ask him what he wants to drink but you are interrupted by Sizzle.

Sizzle: "So, since we are all gathered, papa told me we should move to a more private place to discuss our business. We have a private room on the second floor, we should go there."

Alaiv: "Agreed."

You all move to the room, it contains 4 beds, one in particular in a corner and with curtains dividing the space in the room. There is also a large basin and a square table with 4 stools.

Each one of you sit. And the three adventurers stare at you.

Alaiv: "So, sir Flycatcher. Sir McBluff told us you need our help for your quest. But he didn't really mention what it is about. Would you mind tell us what we are getting involved into?"

Takabanda: "Yeah, so i can at least start thinking about a title for our tale!"
>>
No. 628724 ID: bd8b82

it's time, reveal the egg.
>>
No. 628731 ID: 82c018

It might be some time before we can tell this tale to people in general. You see, the person I am working for has narrowly survived what we believe was an assassination attempt, and most people think she is dead... *reveales egg* along with the rest of the dragons.
>>
No. 628732 ID: d90668

"So my fellow adventurers how much do you know about dragons?"

Then let everyone tell you a bit about what they know before taking out the egg.

You have to get this adventure off to a fine start so a bit of suspense and storytelling will set the mood.
>>
No. 628734 ID: 696535

>>628722
Give them a warning. Tell them that Until we complete this quest, this does not leave this room.
>>
No. 628735 ID: b6178d

Well, a summation of the previous adventure should help. Reveal the nature of the ranidae dungeons, how it seems to require a ranidae to bypass certain security measures. Explain that it is such a dungeon that the party is to explore, but that beyond your experiences with the other dungeon, you have little to no idea what awaits.

Be brief, but thorough in your tale, and allow them to ask follow-up questions for more in-depth details should they wish to.

List also the goals you hope to achieve with the dungeon exploration:

-Seek the rite of hatching for S'shi'mh.
-Discover more of the lost ranidae history.
-In particular, find clues as to what happened to the great dragons, and why S'shi'mh's mother vanished from ranidae memory and culture, and why said culture so suddenly declined.
-Loot whatever treasures there may be and get a nice profit for everyone. An adventurer's got to get by, after all.
-Etc. etc. more as things develop.

Finally, ask that your companions' keep quiet about the dragon egg and your link to it (though, obviously you won't expect such a great storytellers as Sir Alaiv and Takabanda to keep mum on the tale forever). For one, it's the sort of thing you feel unscrupulous people would be all kinds of interested in getting their hands on, and secondly, someone or something wanted S'shi'mh dead, enough so that they sent a very nasty demon to perform the deed, and you can't help but feel the assassination attempt is tied to the decline of your race.

So, while whoever/whatever orchestrated the hit might not be around any more, you'd rather not take the chance until S'shi'mh has had time to hatch and grow a little stronger.
>>
No. 628736 ID: 6cb462

Introduce Gianni, ask him to fetch the egg he is guarding, then ask if Gianni would like to consume the opening space of your bottle of alcohol for a bit.
>>
No. 628738 ID: 6cb462

>>628736
Meant to say mug, not bottle
>>
No. 629238 ID: a6f481
File 142644936645.jpg - (76.88KB , 800x600 , 01of5.jpg )
629238

>Introduce Gianni, ask him to fetch the egg he is guarding, then ask if Gianni would like to consume the opening space of your mug of alcohol for a bit.

You tell them that you need to introduce the last member of the party.

You whisper to Gianni to grab the egg and you hide it in your lap, under the table. You then ask it if it wants to meet the rest of the party, since it will have to work with them anyway.

After a few seconds, Gianni pops on the frame of the mug and introduces itself.

Gianni: "HELLO THERE! NAME IS GIANNI I'M A F"

Sizzle: "A FRAMELOCK! BY THE GODS I HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE ALIVE!"

Gianni: "YES... HELLO! I AM A FRAMELOCK."

The attention is now completely on the small monster, as both Takabanda and Sir Alaiv take long looks on it. Sizzle entusiastically moves her hand to introduce herself.

Sizzle: "This is great! I had to study your specie for an exam and i'd never imagined you were actually real!"

Takabanda: "This is surely going to be an interesting trip hahahahah!"

Sir Alaiv: "I'd say." He turns his head toward you and says "You must have something special to be able to make friend with one of the weirdest creature in history"

>It might be some time before we can tell this tale to people in general

>Give them a warning. Tell them that Until we complete this quest, this does not leave this room.

>ask that your companions' keep quiet about the dragon egg and your link to it (though, obviously you won't expect such a great storytellers as Sir Alaiv and Takabanda to keep mum on the tale forever). For one, it's the sort of thing you feel unscrupulous people would be all kinds of interested in getting their hands on, and secondly, someone or something wanted S'shi'mh dead, enough so that they sent a very nasty demon to perform the deed, and you can't help but feel the assassination attempt is tied to the decline of your race.

As the excitement of Gianni appearance boils down, you ask to the rest of the party to keep this adventure a secret till it's over.

While Sir Alaiv and Sizzle agree immediately, Takabanda does it begrudgingly.

Takabanda: "It's better be worth. It's a shame to keep good things for yourself. Sharing is what gives life to ballads"
>>
No. 629239 ID: a6f481
File 142644949886.jpg - (58.86KB , 650x600 , 02of5.jpg )
629239

>"So my fellow adventurers how much do you know about dragons?" Then let everyone tell you a bit about what they know before taking out the egg. You have to get this adventure off to a fine start so a bit of suspense and storytelling will set the mood.

You ask them what they know about dragons.

Sizzle: "not much i have to be honest. I specialized in weird creatures and alchemical beasts rather than old myths..."

She seems to be more interested in playing with Gianni than the actual conversation.
>>
No. 629240 ID: 98a14f

This is gonna get her. BIG time.
>>
No. 629241 ID: a6f481
File 142644973076.jpg - (55.21KB , 600x820 , 03of5.jpg )
629241

Takabanda: "Dragons? Old legends, songs and tales talk about them. Magnificient and fearsome creatures, lost forever in the chronicles of history. Soaring the skies and creeping in the water. It has been over 9 centuries since the last time a dragon was seen. Even my Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandfather hasn't seen one in its life. I know the only things that tells us that they existed are small remains, like teeth and claws. And petrified dragon eggs and bones! Those are worth a king ransom i'll tell you! Sometimes i dream of seeing something like that, or even touch them. It's been told that they can grant wishes to the worthy. But i'm sure that's just a kid's tale..."
>>
No. 629242 ID: a6f481
File 142644995368.jpg - (62.43KB , 600x860 , 04of5.jpg )
629242

Sir Alaiv: "Well, from my studies in the libraries of the old kingdom of Na'ballah in ancient times dragons were venerated like gods, or demigods by several tribes. They were benevolent creatures that lead most civilization from primitive behaviours to greatness. If i also remember correctly, the mages of Ki-la-ka-la believed that Dragons gave the spark of magic to the mortals and they taught them how magic works. So if these myths are true, we owe any magical discovery and even the bases to magic to them."
>>
No. 629243 ID: 98a14f

It's time
>>
No. 629244 ID: a6f481
File 142645082567.jpg - (76.47KB , 700x600 , 05of5.jpg )
629244

>it's time, reveal the egg.

>It's time

>You see, the person I am working for has narrowly survived what we believe was an assassination attempt, and most people think she is dead... *reveales egg* along with the rest of the dragons.

>For one, it's the sort of thing you feel unscrupulous people would be all kinds of interested in getting their hands on, and secondly, someone or something wanted S'shi'mh dead, enough so that they sent a very nasty demon to perform the deed, and you can't help but feel the assassination attempt is tied to the decline of your race.

>Be brief, but thorough in your tale, and allow them to ask follow-up questions for more in-depth details should they wish to.

You tell them that the reason you asked them to keep secrecy and asking what they know about dragons because... You bring up the egg. And tell them who you are working for. And what happened in the dungeon.

The entire team (aside for Gianni) gasps in awe at the sight of the egg.

Takabanda: "IT'S THAT REAL?"

Sizzle: "A petrified dragon egg?"

Alaiv: "You mean... that is not a petrified egg?"

You tell them that inside the egg resides the body of possibly the last water dragon in existance.

It takes them a couple minutes to digest the information. Then all their expression turn serious.

Takabanda: "This is big. no. This is... COLOSSAL! Do you even know what that means?"

You tell them that yes, not only you know how important this discovery is, but that it's also linked to the destruction of the previous ranidae culture. At this words Alaiv lights up.

Alaiv: "By the gods..."

>List also the goals you hope to achieve with the dungeon exploration:
>-Seek the rite of hatching for S'shi'mh.
>-Discover more of the lost ranidae history.
>-In particular, find clues as to what happened to the great dragons, and why S'shi'mh's mother vanished from ranidae memory and culture, and why said culture so suddenly declined.
>-Loot whatever treasures there may be and get a nice profit for everyone. An adventurer's got to get by, after all.
>-Etc. etc. more as things develop.

As you list the goals of the quest, you see your companions expression shift visibly. Sizzle's face shifts from curios to worried. Takabanda from puzzled to pure awe, leaving his face with an extremely large smile. And last, you see Alaiv's eyes shine with pure glee.

You wonder what they are thinking at the moment.
>>
No. 629249 ID: bd8b82

start with Sizzle, want to address that worry.
>>
No. 629251 ID: d958ad

>>629244
Swabluff wouldn't have let her go on this mission if he didn't think she was ready. Reassure that worry. It will be dangerous, but if we all work together, we will succeed.

I bet Takabanda is realizing that this quest will make an AMAZING STORY.

Alaiv, could be a few things. One, knowing that he was the start of this grand adventure. Two, scholarly interest. Three, getting to meet a dragon maybe!

Oh, one thing we sortof forgot to take into account. The assassin demon had poisonous claws and now that Swabluff isn't around we have no way to deal with the poison if we run into another one. Can Sizzle make an antidote for it, or should we shop around in town for another solution?
>>
No. 629282 ID: d3be40

Let Sizzle hold S'shi'mh. See if she's less scared if she gets to hold a baby dragon.

Also, Sizzle doesn't necessarily have to go with you into the dungeons. She could act as mission control and supply your team with potions and information.
>>
No. 629334 ID: 6cb462

>>629242
It seems like the mages of Ki-la-ka-la are knowledgeable about dragons. Ask Sir Alaiv if they are still around to this day, and if they may be able to help figure out the ritual to hatch S'shi'mh.
>>
No. 629798 ID: 20a064
File 142671227408.jpg - (72.45KB , 560x760 , 01of3.jpg )
629798

>start with Sizzle, want to address that worry.

You get up and close to Sizzle and ask her what's wrong.

Sizzle: "I... when papa told me about this, i just imagined it would have been a simple quest, to be honest. Usually the things that first time adventurer do, like small dungeons with overgrown vermins. I didn't really imagine that all this would involve the rebirth of ancient creatures. It feels way too big. I... i don't know if i make sense, sorry..."

>Let Sizzle hold S'shi'mh. See if she's less scared if she gets to hold a baby dragon.

>Swabluff wouldn't have let her go on this mission if he didn't think she was ready. Reassure that worry. It will be dangerous, but if we all work together, we will succeed.

You slowly hand her the egg, which she awkwardly hug like a newborn. Then you tell her that you thought the same when you first ended up in that dungeon. But you not only you survived, but you even managed to kill a demon. And this time you are all going together, not alone.

>Also, Sizzle doesn't necessarily have to go with you into the dungeons. She could act as mission control and supply your team with potions and information.

She doesn't seem too convinced about it, so you tell her that the one thing you are sure after meeting Swabluff is that he can be thrusted about everything, and if he said that he trusts her, you have no doubt about her abilities and usefulness on this quest.

This seems to reinvigorate her, as she gives you a warm smile.

Sizzle: "Thanks."

You tell her that if she still doesn't feel like dwelving into dungeons she can still work outside and provide help in other ways.

Sizzle: "No. That won't be necessary." She answers "I will put my own weight in this adventure. I promise i will not let you down, you can trust me on this."

You tell her that you have no doubt about it.

>Oh, one thing we sortof forgot to take into account. The assassin demon had poisonous claws and now that Swabluff isn't around we have no way to deal with the poison if we run into another one. Can Sizzle make an antidote for it, or should we shop around in town for another solution?

You ask Sizzle if she's able to create antidotes and antivenoms. Because that might prove vital in case another demon pops out.

Sizzle: "Sure! I can make an antivenom in less than five seconds. I always bring enough materials with me to create anything i need on the go!"

You feel reassured about the outcomings of possible future encounters.
>>
No. 629804 ID: 20a064
File 142671260861.jpg - (118.65KB , 630x990 , 02of3.jpg )
629804

>Alaiv, could be a few things. One, knowing that he was the start of this grand adventure. Two, scholarly interest. Three, getting to meet a dragon maybe!

You then ask Alaiv what does he think about this.

Alaiv: "By the blackened spear of Tamazzo. This is going to be more than an interesting quest. This might be the occasion of a lifetime! Just imagine how much history and knowledge we are going to unearth! I can barely contain myself"

>It seems like the mages of Ki-la-ka-la are knowledgeable about dragons. Ask Sir Alaiv if they are still around to this day, and if they may be able to help figure out the ritual to hatch S'shi'mh.

You ask him if the mages he mentioned might know something about dragons.

Alaiv: "They probably do. Too bad they all died to the hand of the Inquisition of the Unquenchable Flame over two centuries ago. All that remains of them are few books that survived the fires and were sold in black markets. Lots of knowledge has been lost forever due to religious hate and ingorance unfortunately..."

Well, it was worth a shot.
>>
No. 629808 ID: 20a064
File 142671310952.jpg - (62.36KB , 900x495 , 03of3.jpg )
629808

>I bet Takabanda is realizing that this quest will make an AMAZING STORY.

Takabanda is unable to contain his enthusiasm.

Takabanda: "A REAL dragon! They do exist! I can't even be skeptic about this, because you really look unable to tell jokes or stories, no offense"

You tell him that you don't take offense. Your race tends to be rather practical most of the time.

Takabanda: "And you told us that you can communicate with this dragon, right? Through a mindlink, right?"

You nod.

Takabanda: "Can i meet her too?"

You glare at him for a second and tell him that you have no idea how it actually works unfortunately.

Takabanda: "OH BUT I DO! It's simple see? You basically detach your spirit from the body and enter this small dimension that is actually part of the other's creature spirit. Imagine pouring small cups of oil from a jar and putting them inside a bigger container of water. The two liquids don't mix, but they are in touch with each other, you can then scoop carefully the oil back."

You tell him that looks seriously convoluted.

Takabanda: "Eeh, it's easier done than said believe me. What i mean though is that i can shackle my mind and spirit to yours and you should be able to pull us through. It should work in theory. I think i can even shackle the rest of the group if they want too"
>>
No. 629810 ID: d958ad

>>629808
Well... tell him you can ask, but you are not sure how she will feel about it.

>>629804
Something occurs to me. Does necromancy exist? We may be able to do a seance and talk to the dead to recover any rituals we can't uncover on our own, assuming we can find someone trustworthy to do it.
>>
No. 629811 ID: bd8b82

yeah, say you will ask about that the next time you talk with her. don't want to get presumptuous with a dragon.
>>
No. 629823 ID: 146f59

>>629808
You can ask, but he shouldn’t get his hopes up. Apparently it used to be that only a single priest was allowed to talk with S'shi'mh. Even you are sort of an exception and perhaps he will be allowed as well, but it is far from certain.
>>
No. 629831 ID: d958ad

Oh and we should probably instruct them to show the proper respect to the tiny dragon. No petting.
>>
No. 629835 ID: d3be40

>>629808
Erm, do you mean "Oil and Vinegar"? Because two cups of oil would still mix with each other.

Yeah, side effects of an experimental mind-link are not worth it. Maybe later.
>>
No. 629837 ID: 3c17ca

>>629808
We should do this, and now, to include perhaps our little door monster. It will let the dragon meet and greet, as well as clue us in on these people and what she thinks of them after they are all gone. Our race is a practical one, and with practicality comes pragmatism.
>>
No. 629839 ID: 5db52c

>A skeleton? you thought that he looked just like the other humans you have met so far. To be honest they kinda all look the same to you.
Normal humans usually have lips. Notice his teeth are always exposed.

>shackle minds and spirits to bring the part in?
Um. What are the risks of doing that kind of thing? Is it safe? Has he done this kind of thing before? I mean, mixing peoples minds and spirits sounds like something to be careful with. You especially don't want to put a child slash maybe the last dragon at risk unnecessarily.

If it is safe, you don't have a problem introducing them. I mean, they did sign onto the dragon quest, they should get to meet the dragon! Though you'd probably check that she was okay with guests, first. It's her mind, after all, and it might be rude to pop in uninvited.

...uh. Fair warning, you might be kinda naked in a mindlink. (Ostensibly, this a modesty warning. Really, we're giving the onion knight a chance not to accidentally out himself as a skeleton to the others).
>>
No. 629840 ID: 8bd2b1

>>629835
He said "oil and water."

Yeah, let's do it. Bring everyone to meet the dragon.
>>
No. 629859 ID: 6cb462

Ask permission from the dragon if your group can meet her. If she agrees, you might want to have one person stay behind and guard your group in case bandits, or worse a demon comes in after the egg.
>>
No. 629873 ID: a5c81b

Best not to bring uninvited guests. Get her permission.

Also.. make sure Sizzle makes anti-venom in advance of the delve. She might not be able to make some in five seconds if she's the one that was poisoned and injured, after all.
>>
No. 630138 ID: 7ec9c0
File 142688894168.jpg - (51.75KB , 510x700 , 01of3.jpg )
630138

>Um. What are the risks of doing that kind of thing? Is it safe? Has he done this kind of thing before? I mean, mixing peoples minds and spirits sounds like something to be careful with. You especially don't want to put a child slash maybe the last dragon at risk unnecessarily.

You ask if there are risks for this procedure and Takabanda promptly answers.

Takabanda: "Eesssssssh. Well. Kinda... I mean there might be few, not many. It's mostly due to the fact that i have never linked a ranidae spirit before. But i doubt your spirit works differently than anyone else's. No?"

>Well... tell him you can ask, but you are not sure how she will feel about it.

>yeah, say you will ask about that the next time you talk with her. don't want to get presumptuous with a dragon

>You can ask, but he shouldn’t get his hopes up. Apparently it used to be that only a single priest was allowed to talk with S'shi'mh. Even you are sort of an exception and perhaps he will be allowed as well, but it is far from certain.

>Yeah, side effects of an experimental mind-link are not worth it. Maybe later.

>Ask permission from the dragon if your group can meet her. If she agrees, you might want to have one person stay behind and guard your group in case bandits, or worse a demon comes in after the egg.

>Best not to bring uninvited guests. Get her permission.

You tell him that you'll ask S'shi'mh tonight and get back to him.

Takabanda: "Alright! If we are doing the ritual we'll probably have to take a few hours, just keep that in mind. It's also getting late, we should probably all get some sleep."

You and the rest of the group agree and move to bed.

>Also.. make sure Sizzle makes anti-venom in advance of the delve. She might not be able to make some in five seconds if she's the one that was poisoned and injured, after all.

While changing to get some sleep you ask Sizzle if she could prepare a batch of antivenom as soon as she can tomorrow, just in case to be sure. She replies from behind her curtains.

Sizzle: "Sure! No problem"

You then slip in your bed and enter the mindlink and converse with S'shi'mh. You tell her about the spiritual bond ritual that Takabanda wants to perform.

S'shi'mh: I... i am not really sure i can trust all of them yet. You litterally have just met them. I know you trust your walrus friend's words, but i prefer to be more catious. Tell them that you'll keep an eye on them on my behalf and if they don't act suspiciously or weird they have my blessing to meet me.
>>
No. 630140 ID: 7ec9c0
File 142688958219.jpg - (108.30KB , 980x700 , 02of3.jpg )
630140

You wake up the next day with Takabanda eagerly waiting your answer while sitting at the table.

He doesn't seem to be thrilled by S'shi'mh's answer. But he tells you that he understands.

>Oh and we should probably instruct them to show the proper respect to the tiny dragon. No petting.

You also tell him that the group should probably avoid petting the dragon, since she wants to be paid proper respect.

He groans something in response that you don't really understand.

>We may be able to do a seance and talk to the dead to recover any rituals we can't uncover on our own, assuming we can find someone trustworthy to do it.

While waiting for Sizzle to get read, you ask Takabanda and Alaiv if they thinks that it could be possible to use necromancy to talk with the dead mages and possibly uncover more history.

They give each other a concerned look before Alaiv replies.

Alaiv: "Necromancy is a weird branch of magic. Most of it is used to animate corpses and trap spirits. It could be possible, but i'm not an expert in the subject. I do believe Takabanda is able to tell you more"

Takabanda: "Indeed i can. See, spirits that received a violent death aren't usually sane. The pain they were subjected during their death tick something off in their undead brain and they become unable to focus on anything else than pain itself. Even if we manage to find them all they will be able to tell us is probably how damn hot it is in that place."

You sigh and nod, telling them that you understand.

After eating hastly at the tavern, Alaiv starts suggesting that the group should start moving to the next town, so that you can start exploring the dungeon as soon as possible.

You all agree and get on the road. Alaiv in front, leading the group, and Takabanda on the rear, playing a silly song on his lute.

it feels weird to be part of a company. Weird in a good way.
>>
No. 630141 ID: 7ec9c0
File 142688985859.jpg - (57.26KB , 620x600 , 03of3.jpg )
630141

You walk for a good amount of time, mostly silently while you all appreciate the musical entertainment provided by Takabanda.

Suddenly Sizzle starts rummaging in her bag and pulls out a vial containing murky violet liquid.

Sizzle: "Almost forgot. I didn't manage to fall asleep yesterday, so i prepared a bunch vials of antivenom like you asked."

You ask her exactly how many

Sizzle: "Oh, only thirty-thirtyfive vials. I tried to get different enhancements on them in case the poison of the demons acts in different ways."

You ask her if she even get some sleep at all

Sizzle: "Oh yeah, after i was done with the antivenom i made myself a sleeping potion. I'm fresh as a rose"
>>
No. 630142 ID: d90668

Hey you have some sort of large flying thing up in the sky above and behind you. That or a small insect close by. Its hard to tell from here.

Anyways ask her about this sleeping potion. And more about the alchemist's craft in general. This trip will be a good way to learn more about you companions.
>>
No. 630143 ID: a9753c

"That's not healthy. Experimenting on yourself could put the entire party at risk. Try to get some regular sleep, and I'll let you cuddle S'shi'mh."
>>
No. 630145 ID: 5db52c

35 vials of one kind of potion? ...how many vials does she have? How many can she carry?

Maybe you're just ignorant of batch production, but that sounds like a lot to you.

>stay up, compensate with sleeping potion
That's really handy. Makes me wonder what other potion making exploits there are. (Make intelligence boosting potion, drink, make better intelligence boosting potion... repeat until you're good enough to make whatever you want).
>>
No. 630149 ID: 9ddf68

damn you work fast girl, how long did that take you?

Also what's that in the sky above you/behind you?
>>
No. 630152 ID: 296917

>>630141
What's that up there? Is that a dragonfly buzzing around, or something big flying in the sky?

So, Takabanda and Alaiv have cleared dungeons before, right? What's the toughest enemy they've faced? The weirdest plant or animal they discovered? The most valuable treasure or coolest magical item?
>>
No. 630181 ID: 6cb462

Its a nice day, we should ask if Gianni would want some fresh air out of that stuffy bag, but first, lets see if that dragonfly thing in the sky is dangerous.
>>
No. 630217 ID: d8fb0c

>>630143
Why do you think she was experimenting? I’m quite sure she already knew how to do sleeping potions.

>>630141
Look at that thing in the sky. Stay hidden beneath a some trees for a few minutes so it doesn’t find you.
>>
No. 630540 ID: 2f4b71

>>630145
35 vials of different variants on one potion.
>>
No. 630553 ID: 6cb462

Ask sizzle how long she slept between falling asleep from a sleeping potion, and waking up. It could be unhealthy if she isn't putting in at least 6-8 hours of sleep.
>>
No. 630706 ID: 384d8c
File 142722041469.jpg - (65.62KB , 800x500 , 01of8.jpg )
630706

(sorry for the late update, i had a rather busy period. Also, longer update this time wooo)

>"That's not healthy. Experimenting on yourself could put the entire party at risk. Try to get some regular sleep, and I'll let you cuddle S'shi'mh."

>Ask sizzle how long she slept between falling asleep from a sleeping potion, and waking up. It could be unhealthy if she isn't putting in at least 6-8 hours of sleep.

You question her about the use of a potion that makes you sleep. You are rather sure that might not be the healtiest thing in the world and could be dangerous.

Sizzle doesn't seem to take it well, and she bitterly answers you.

Sizzle: "Well sorry mom! I'm sure you clearly know what's better"

Uh oh, it looks like you have upset her.
>>
No. 630710 ID: a9753c

It's not that you question her abilities. However, experimenting on herself too much might cause great risk.

Hey, it's not a big deal to take sleeping potions, just don't overdose, alright?
>>
No. 630711 ID: 384d8c
File 142722135816.jpg - (71.22KB , 800x500 , 02of8.jpg )
630711

>Anyways ask her about this sleeping potion. And more about the alchemist's craft in general. This trip will be a good way to learn more about you companions.

>damn you work fast girl, how long did that take you?

>35 vials of one kind of potion? ...how many vials does she have? How many can she carry?

You apologize to her and tell her you didn't mean to upset her. It's mostly that you know nothing about the alchemist craft and the things it relates to. It's just sounded that 35 vials of potion would be a really big batch to make in a single night, and you were afraid her sleeping potion could give some problems.

Strangely, Sizzle seems to take that as a compliment

Sizzle: "See, i told you i can make potions in a very short time. i could have made more actually, but i preferred to experiment on them and see if i could make them better. I tried to see if mixing Bloodberries or troll stomach acid could also empower their regulatory power."

You tell her that sounds impressive. You also ask how does she carries all those vials around. She points to her several pockets and large bag.

Sizzle: "We alchemist have our own secrets. You can carry way more stuffs if you know how to put things together in certain orders"

You decide to ask more about her studies and what alchemists usually do for a living, since you have never really had the occasion to talk to one privately.

Sizzle: "Well we do a lot of things, most of the students tend to focus on the basic stuffs: healing potions, enhanced tools, things that can be sold to adventurers or to the population. See, magicians and wizard are able to bend the rules of nature and magic to their will so that they can make their life easier, but we alchemist create tools that can mimic their abilities in certain ways and give them to everyone. That way society can progress further. One of the most important branches in alchemy is about agriculture: through the combination and selection of stronger seed, bombarded with special alchemical components, we can create crops that can feed more people and are able to withstand harsh climates. Then there is the "boom" branch. A bunch of explosions lovers that mostly try to create the biggest and destructive bombs. Those are either used in wars, to defend our countries, or to help mining operations. Another branch studies medicine and maladies, so that we can cure and counter most of the common illness, so that people can live longer and healtier. Even if i have to admit i heard a lot of them make moneys from private clients. Middle aged married couples..."
>>
No. 630712 ID: 384d8c
File 142722159853.jpg - (59.17KB , 600x600 , 03of8.jpg )
630712

You ask her what does she mean

Sizzle: "uh... well... you see. There are certain potions that can enhance 'qualities' and stamina for a while. And... after a certain age, people tend to lack in those fields and... uhm..."

She looks rather embarassed.

You tell her that you understand and she nods at you, grateful for not having to continue explaining.

You think to yourself that it's nice that old couple decide to get help to get more energy to do things they might not be able to do due to age. Like chopping wood or hunting.

You'll have to get some of those potions when you get old.
>>
No. 630715 ID: 384d8c
File 142722192931.jpg - (78.76KB , 650x600 , 04of8.jpg )
630715

>What's that up there? Is that a dragonfly buzzing around, or something big flying in the sky?

>Also what's that in the sky above you/behind you?

>Look at that thing in the sky. Stay hidden beneath a some trees for a few minutes so it doesn’t find you

>Its a nice day, we should ask if Gianni would want some fresh air out of that stuffy bag, but first, lets see if that dragonfly thing in the sky is dangerous.

You bow your head to ask if Gianni wants to take a breath of fresh air when you notice the huge shadow on the ground.

You point that out to Alaiv, and all of you turn your head to the skies.

Alaiv: "Looks like a mountain Roc. Weird. Never seen one so far from them. it's probably hunting."

He points to the woods

Alaiv: "Better take cover for a while, let's hope it didn't see us."

You all quickly hide between the trees
>>
No. 630725 ID: 384d8c
File 142722256763.jpg - (111.43KB , 600x710 , 05of8.jpg )
630725

Alaiv: "Let's wait till it moves away."

>So, Takabanda and Alaiv have cleared dungeons before, right? What's the toughest enemy they've faced? The weirdest plant or animal they discovered? The most valuable treasure or coolest magical item?

While hiding in the foilage under the tree, you ask to Takabanda and Sir Alaiv to tell you about their previous adventures. Mostly out of curiosity, weirdest animal or plant. The most valuable thing they found and the most dangerous thing they have faced.

Takabanda laughs before answering.

Takabanda: "Weirdly enough, all those three points comes from the same adventure for me. It happened ten or eleven years ago. A village was trying to expand their cultivations by cutting down trees from the forest. This caused retaliation from the forest itself, and the villagers were attacked by a Dryad. They decided to call me, thinking my abilities to calm spirits could be useful."

Takabanda: "I went inside the forest alone, armed only with my mandolin, my horn and my smile. And there i found her. An ancient Dryad. Nothing like the old tales will ever tell you. She was imposing, threatening and every single one of her moves were calculated and silent, like a hunting beast. her eyes bright and green, piercing through me like blades into butter. She was incredible to see, almost as tall as a tree."
>>
No. 630726 ID: 384d8c
File 142722281011.jpg - (50.12KB , 800x410 , 06of8.jpg )
630726

you ask him what happened after that.

Takabanda smiles : "Well, after i sang her my serenade we started to date."

What.

Takabanda: "We stayed together for almost a year, i was a bridge between her and the village and they came to an agreement. When we had to part away due to me having to partecipate in a really important dungeon delve, she gave me this."

he shows you a small ring made of thorns with a small flower blossom on top.

Takabanda: "A magic ring, made from her own body. Thanks to this i can create food for me. and always remember our time together."
>>
No. 630730 ID: 384d8c
File 142722311234.jpg - (88.45KB , 700x890 , 07of8.jpg )
630730

You then turn to Alaiv, waiting for his tale.

Alaiv:"Well, let's see. The most strangest thing i have found in my voyages was surely this weird little living plant. Moved by its own personality and able to grow exponentially when fed enough. I think that might have been one of the few of its kind. I wonder what happened to that little fellow."

Alaiv: "As for most valuable treasure, i have no doubt it was the Dagger of Kitekura. It took years for me and my friends to find it, hidden in a temple under the sea, guarded by ancient golems."

Alaiv: "And for most formidable foe..." His voice turns grim while telling this "i have no doubt i have never encountered a monster like the Lord Vampire Necator. King of the underground and master of shadows. Cunning, heartless and incredibly violent"
>>
No. 630732 ID: 384d8c
File 142722331546.jpg - (50.29KB , 690x600 , 08of8.jpg )
630732

You ask him how he managed to defeat him

Alaiv: "I didn't."

"I barely managed to escape from him, while the rest of my party suffered a destiny worse than you can imagine. I promised myself to never let a vampire overpower me like he did."

He turns his head from all of you.

Alaiv: "Adventuring is a dangerous job. You won't always win, Flycatcher. You might lose people that you love."

He looks up to the skies and cheers up.

Alaiv: "Oh, it looks like the roc is gone, let's get back on the road!"
>>
No. 630735 ID: bd8b82

well that explains why he's stuffed with anti-vampire gear, so if he ever runs into one again he will be prepared.
>>
No. 630750 ID: 9ddf68

we'll thank everyone for telling their tales and keep heading towards your destination.
>>
No. 630767 ID: 5db52c

>"Well sorry mom! I'm sure you clearly know what's better"
Avoid phrasing anything like the rebuke of an authority figure in the future if you can help it. She is a teenager, or not far gone.

One way around this is to raise concerns as questions rather than injunctions or rebukes.

>"Well, after i sang her my serenade we started to date."
>what
Well, he is a bard.

>suffered a destiny worse than you can imagine
>Adventuring is a dangerous job. You won't always win, Flycatcher. You might lose people that you love.
Oh. Um. Right. Let's try to avoid that, for now.

Head out, and keep an eye peeled.
>>
No. 630794 ID: 6cb462

>>630732
The Roc could still be in the area, it may be even hiding above the clouds. I think it might be best to avoid walking in the opening of the road for a bit, and instead walk under the shelter of the trees while keeping an eye on the road nearby for a while just in case.
>>
No. 630801 ID: 296917

>>630712
IT'S FOR SEX.

>>630732
Oh, hey, we haven't asked what stuff Takabanda can do exactly. He has songs with magical effects, right?
>>
No. 630821 ID: 3c17ca

>>630732
Ask if Can Takabanda get us a nice walking song going, and if Sizzle has some alchemical pick me up. This frog is looking a little tired and might as well sample the wares.

As for our Garlic Knight, see if Alaiv can tell us any more lore on our little door monster.
>>
No. 630912 ID: cf91e4

>>630726
Oh man, I missed the Taka in the last pic and that made me think this was still part of the memory. From that I got the impression that the dryad didn't do much "landscaping".
Welp, moving on.
>>
No. 631097 ID: 75d88e
File 142740590434.jpg - (77.89KB , 675x600 , 01of3.jpg )
631097

>>630912
(that made me chuckle)

>IT'S FOR SEX.

Oh.

Oooooooh. That makes sense.

>well that explains why he's stuffed with anti-vampire gear, so if he ever runs into one again he will be prepared.

Yeah, it's more or less like how you planned to get as much antipoison as possible to counteract any possible demon encounter.

>we'll thank everyone for telling their tales and keep heading towards your destination

>The Roc could still be in the area, it may be even hiding above the clouds. I think it might be best to avoid walking in the opening of the road for a bit, and instead walk under the shelter of the trees while keeping an eye on the road nearby for a while just in case.

You thank the oldest member of the team for their stories and tell them that it's probably safer to still move under the protection of the trees, instead of getting back to the road.

Alaiv: "Good point, it's going to slow us, but it's better safe than sorry."

>Ask if Can Takabanda get us a nice walking song going, and if Sizzle has some alchemical pick me up. This frog is looking a little tired and might as well sample the wares.

>Oh, hey, we haven't asked what stuff Takabanda can do exactly. He has songs with magical effects, right?

You ask Sizzle if she has anything to give back stamina, considering you might have to walk for a longer time than you considered.

She produces a small black bottle and smiles.

Sizzle: "Oil from the stomach of a burrowing beast. The best tonic in the lands! I have a couple bottles of that if we need. A single spoon should give you back all the energy you lost. Only thing is that it taste like... well... oil from a burrowing beast..."

You then ask Takabanda to tell you more about the bard arts and what he can do with his songs.

Takabanda: "HAH! What can i do? More like what can't i do! I can make you sleep pleasant dreams with a lullaby, i can make you stronger and faster with a warchant, i can make your heart beat faster or slower with just a slight change of rhythm, i can make you feel no pain with the correct note, and heal your wounds with a ballad. And if needed... i can kill with a whistle."

You tell him that it's amazing.

Takabanda: "I am, i am. hahahahahah"
>>
No. 631099 ID: 75d88e
File 142740640469.jpg - (50.22KB , 600x540 , 02of3.jpg )
631099

>As for our Garlic Knight, see if Alaiv can tell us any more lore on our little door monster.

You ask Alaiv if he knows something about Framelocks.

Alaiv: "Uh? Sure, i do. Mostly a couple of entries from the "Great Codex of Fantasious Creatures and Etcera" by the famous magister Kev Vordì."

He pauses for a bit and then starts reciting

Alaiv: " From all the creatures that i have met in my youth, nothing will be as strange and otherworldly as the Framelock. Creatures of pure blackness, made of shadows and yet tangible. These creatures do not possess a defined form. Their bodies need a container, like liquids. And yet their masses are inconsistent, since they can occupy the smallest of the spaces and the largest of the frames with the same ease. I do believe these creatures might just be sentient portals to other worlds, but i have been unable to talk or even make a direct contact with one of them. They seem to be afraid of everything, despite their curious nature. I wonder if that might be a defense mechanism to protect what they might contain or link in their own bodies.

Alaiv: "that's more or less all i can remember. I have to admit yesterday was the first time in my entire career to see one of those creature. Quite the experience. Gianni surely is a fascinating creature"

Gianni: THANKS
>>
No. 631102 ID: 75d88e
File 142740663908.jpg - (69.64KB , 800x585 , 03of3.jpg )
631102

Your group walks for a couple of hours, moving slowly through the undergrowth of the woods.

While you are helping Sizzle and takabanda to pass over a rather messy and thorny bush, Alaiv calls you all.

Alaiv: "Come. You need to see that"

As you reach his position, he points to the middle of a secondary road, perpendicular to the path to Redboat.

Two corpses are loithering the ground. blood splattered everywhere. A horse and what appear to be an armored humanoid, crashed under the weight of the mount.
>>
No. 631106 ID: 5db52c

Look around. This could be a setup for an ambush.

...assuming no one jumps out, can we tell who or what did this?
>>
No. 631113 ID: 296917

>>631102
Looks like a large animal attacked a... knight? Look around for tracks to see what may have done it. Also, further investigate the blood splatter to see if you can recreate the battle.
>>
No. 631116 ID: 01745f

Torn by what look like claw or tooth wounds, but seems mostly uneaten...
Check the surroundings then have one or two group members stand watch while you investigate closer.
>>
No. 631118 ID: d90668

Could we have spooked the Roc off its meal?

Look around for prints and claw marks. Might be able to tell you what caused this.

Be wary of ambush either by beasts or men. If something was eating that horse it would not leave until it was full or was scared away.
>>
No. 631121 ID: bd8b82

be on the lookout, assume any rustle is a horrible monster.
>>
No. 631171 ID: 3c17ca

>>631102
Horses eye is red. Check for undeath!

There appears to be a necklace or beads slightly beyond the dead horse butt, in a pool of blood.

Make sure the rider is dead.

If the rider is dead, check identity, cause of death, how long they have been dead, and proceed to loot. maybe bury. or eat. Its not cannibalism if its not a fellow of your own race right? Frog joke. maybe. we are a practical race. haha. I'm just kidding, if you guys are kidding.
>>
No. 631203 ID: b5b419

>>631102
Holy hell, whatever slashed the horse open must have been very strong and low to the ground, or the horse reared up when it did the assault.

You don't get a gouge and a bloodsplatter like that without some serious work.
>>
No. 631212 ID: 8fa041

>>631102
Look around for danger, if it's clear, and there's time, try to dig a grave/get a proper send-off for the poor guy. We might be adventurers, but we're civil about it. If burial isn't an option, then try for cremation.
>>
No. 631267 ID: 3c17ca

>>631212
oh thats a good idea..got me thinking, can sizzle make a potion that just dissolves organic matter? then we could get that armor. its like cremation. sorta.
>>
No. 631392 ID: 86a643
File 142755818499.jpg - (88.41KB , 1070x520 , 01of3.jpg )
631392

>Could we have spooked the Roc off its meal?

Doesn't seem like it. Rocs would probably grab their prey and bring them to their nests.

>Look around for danger, if it's clear, and there's time, try to dig a grave/get a proper send-off for the poor guy. We might be adventurers, but we're civil about it. If burial isn't an option, then try for cremation.

>oh thats a good idea..got me thinking, can sizzle make a potion that just dissolves organic matter? then we could get that armor. its like cremation. sorta.

You ask your group if you should do something for the knight

Alaiv: "We should check if the knight is still alive, else we should probably take care of the body."

You ask sizzle if she can make something make something to dispose of the body properly, since digging a grave could take a while and you don't have a shovel on you. And neither do anyone of the party apparently.

Sizzle: "oh? uh... Yes, i think i have some Troll alka-seltzer and fire balms. I can reduce the body in ash in few seconds"

>Look around for prints and claw marks. Might be able to tell you what caused this.

>Check the surroundings then have one or two group members stand watch while you investigate closer.

>be on the lookout, assume any rustle is a horrible monster.

>Looks like a large animal attacked a... knight? Look around for tracks to see what may have done it. Also, further investigate the blood splatter to see if you can recreate the battle.

You tell the rest of the group to stay back while you move closer to check.

There aren't any claw marks around, mostly blood splatters. No sounds either, aside for the wind blowing through the foliage.
>>
No. 631394 ID: 86a643
File 142755862132.jpg - (63.26KB , 1000x520 , 02of3.jpg )
631394

>Horses eye is red. Check for undeath!

No Lavander smell around, so you should be safe.

>Make sure the rider is dead.

The rider is not moving, and there is a lot of blood spilling from his helmet.

>Look around. This could be a setup for an ambush.

>...assuming no one jumps out, can we tell who or what did this?

>Torn by what look like claw or tooth wounds, but seems mostly uneaten...

>Be wary of ambush either by beasts or men. If something was eating that horse it would not leave until it was full or was scared away.

You cautiosly move closer to the corpses, when you start hearing chittering noises coming from the corpse of the horse.

You stop and grab your trident. The noise stops immediately. Then you hear low screeching sounds immediately followed by silence.

Right after a small creature climbs out from the bowels of the horse.

It's completely drenched in blood, completely naked aside for a small cap. His two large eyes fix on you. it would be almost cute if it wasn't for the blood...
>>
No. 631396 ID: 86a643
File 142755885775.jpg - (83.02KB , 700x600 , 03of3.jpg )
631396

You slowly move back when you hear alaiv screaming from the woods behind you.

Alaiv: "For the love of the Fairy Queen! Watch out Flycatcher! That's a RedCap!"

A what?

The creature opens his incredibly disproportioned maw and screeches wildly.
>>
No. 631397 ID: d3be40

Zap them to death! All that saturated blood is a good conductor!

Give them ONE chance to surrender, loud and clear.
>>
No. 631398 ID: b6178d

>>631397

Surrender schmender, pull away, defend yourself with your shield, and smack that thing if it comes after you!
>>
No. 631400 ID: 8bd2b1

>>631397
I think, with Alaiv's warning, we can do away with considering this thing capable of reason. Also, it did murderlize the horse and rider. Ready your shield, back away, and swat the thing to the side if it pounces to you.
>>
No. 631401 ID: 5db52c

>For the love of the Fairy Queen! Watch out Flycatcher! That's a RedCap!
Well, that tells us this thing is fae, and dangerous. Doesn't tell us exactly what to expect, though.

Do you know any lore about fairies, Flycatcher?

From the looks of it's previous victims, it fights with tooth and/or claw. The knight doesn't really look like he had a chance to defend himself, so it may be reasonable to assume it's fast. Probably strong for it's size too.

Not sure we can expect your armor to stop it.

Best opening move might be to prepare to tank it's attack with the slime shield. Rebound it into the distance, or into a tree, when it leaps at you.

There's the small chance it's just defending it's kill, and won't attack if you back off. Not what expect, though.

Luckily you are fulfilling your role as a fighter, and are between the creature and your party. Hopefully this buys time for someone who actually knows something about this creature to respond appropriately.
>>
No. 631409 ID: 296917

>>631396
It's gonna try to bite the shit out of you. Deflect the fucker with your slime-shield and then try a counter-attack. Do not try to grab it. Alaiv should be along shortly to help.
>>
No. 631411 ID: 6da59f

>>631396
Trident stab, shocking bracelet. No time to go slow, gottabe fast.
>>
No. 631536 ID: cc9a1a
File 142762394781.jpg - (87.88KB , 1160x500 , 01of3.jpg )
631536

>Well, that tells us this thing is fae, and dangerous. Doesn't
>tell us exactly what to expect, though.

>Do you know any lore about fairies, Flycatcher?

You don't know really much about those yourself. This is the first time you met one.

>Give them ONE chance to surrender, loud and clear.

>Surrender schmender, pull away, defend yourself with your shield, and smack that thing if it comes after you!

>Prepare your shield, it looks like it's ready to pounce. If it does, deflect it to the side and stab it when it hits the ground.

>I think, with Alaiv's warning, we can do away with considering this thing capable of reason. Also, it did murderlize the horse and rider. Ready your shield, back away, and swat the thing to the side if it pounces to you.

>Best opening move might be to prepare to tank it's attack with the slime shield. Rebound it into the distance, or into a tree, when it leaps at you.

>It's gonna try to bite the shit out of you. Deflect the fucker with your slime-shield and then try a counter-attack. Do not try to grab it. Alaiv should be along shortly to help.

You don't even have the time to shout anything as the creature leaps against you. You barely manage to bounce it away with the slime shield. Unfortunately the creature seems to recover immediately, quickly running and jumping at you. This creature is surprisingly fast.

You try to stab him with your trident, but the creature easily avoid the attack and grabs it by the pole and uses it to propel itself.
>>
No. 631537 ID: cc9a1a
File 142762413288.jpg - (48.80KB , 500x600 , 02of3.jpg )
631537

>Trident stab, shocking bracelet. No time to go slow, gottabe fast.

>Zap them to death! All that saturated blood is a good conductor!

Luckily your reactions are fast enough to activate the bracelets and send a surge of electricity through the trident.

The Red Cap screeches in agony as its entire blood covered body is filled with lighting.

The creature falls on the ground like a moth that has burnt itself on a flame.
>>
No. 631538 ID: cc9a1a
File 142762439197.jpg - (93.12KB , 840x600 , 03of3.jpg )
631538

You don't even have time to take a break as you hear Alaiv behind you, sheating his sword and run while shouting: "THEY HUNT IN PACKS!"

Half a dozen more creature burst out of the horse carcass, pouncing at you, screeching and spilling blood everywhere.

Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap
>>
No. 631539 ID: 9ddf68

roll out of the way and come up swinging, these little bastards seem to have it out for you.
>>
No. 631540 ID: bd8b82

side roll! they are mid air and after your head, getting lower will dodge them. and rolling will get you further away. yell to takabanda to start playing something to make this a more fair fight.
>>
No. 631550 ID: daf2af

You're a frog. Jump back while keeping your shield up. Alaiv is retreating so we should all do the same. Get Takabanda to sing something that would incite chaos among the redcaps so they fight one another. Sizzle hopefully might have a smoke bomb or flashbang so we all can get away without the redcaps' pursuit.
>>
No. 631593 ID: 296917

If you have any chance, use the haste tablet. That should let you fight on even grounds with these things, or at least fend them off while retreating. If it winds up making you FASTER than them, try looting that thing in the puddle of blood before you leave.
>>
No. 631596 ID: e5d9a4

Jump as high as you can!
>>
No. 631606 ID: 296917

Ah, maybe Sizzle can throw an explosive potion? Or any sort of disabling area effect potion. If you get hit in the blast, you can just get healed afterwards.

Takabanda should use something to aid in running away. We don't really need to fight these things since they're on a side path. Speed would be important.
>>
No. 631747 ID: 3c17ca

>>631538
>>631593
roll sideways, haste tablet, if we can kill these things, lets do it, otherwise, run.

-get some battle music going.
-have sizzle lobbing stuff.
-get our knight friend in here to help.
>>
No. 631758 ID: d3be40

Before you run, scan around to make sure Takabanda and Sizzle have the same idea.
>>
No. 631769 ID: b18de3
File 142774322788.jpg - (99.59KB , 770x600 , 01of3.jpg )
631769

>roll out of the way and come up swinging, these little bastards seem to have it out for you.

>side roll! they are mid air and after your head, getting lower will dodge them. and rolling will get you further away. yell to takabanda to start playing something to make this a more fair fight.

>You're a frog. Jump back while keeping your shield up.

>Jump as high as you can!

>roll sideways

You roll to the right as you hear Alaiv shouting you to duck.

You brace yourself and hear two of three of the creatures bouncing off your slime protections, while Alaiv cuts the two creatures that were still pouncing, slicing them.
>>
No. 631770 ID: b18de3
File 142774350087.jpg - (65.11KB , 1000x335 , 02of3.jpg )
631770

>haste tablet, if we can kill these things, lets do it, otherwise, run.

>If you have any chance, use the haste tablet. That should let you fight on even grounds with these things, or at least fend them off while retreating. If it winds up making you FASTER than them, try looting that thing in the puddle of blood before you leave.

>Before you run, scan around to make sure Takabanda and Sizzle have the same idea.

You reach for the haste tablet in your bag, and Gianni quickly passes it to you.

You glance backward to shout to the rest of the party to help out.

>yell to takabanda to start playing something to make this a more fair fight.

>Takabanda should use something to aid in running away. We don't really need to fight these things since they're on a side path. Speed would be important.

>get some battle music going.

It seems it won't be necessary. Takabanda has already summoned a triangle, ringing it

The Red Caps don't seem to like it at all, screeching in pain and covering their ears.

Takabanda: "WHAT'S WRONG LITTLE FELLOWS? CAN'T STAND A COUPLE OF NOTES FROM AN IRON TRIANGLE, HMMM?
>>
No. 631773 ID: b18de3
File 142774383316.jpg - (71.03KB , 1000x400 , 03of3.jpg )
631773

>Ah, maybe Sizzle can throw an explosive potion? Or any sort of disabling area effect potion. If you get hit in the blast, you can just get healed afterwards.

>have sizzle lobbing stuff.

>Sizzle hopefully might have a smoke bomb or flashbang so we all can get away without the redcaps' pursuit.

Immediately after, Sizzle hurls a large glass bottle in the middle of the remaining Red Caps.

It bursts into a cloud of green smokecloud, that barely gets up to the creatures' chest.

You don't think that would probably help much, but you eat your own thoughts when you see the creatures coughing and having nausea attacks.

They comically keep switching from holding their ears to fight Takabanda's music to covering their mouths and noses.

You close your hand on the haste tablet, not sure if it might be necessary anymore.
>>
No. 631776 ID: bd8b82

no, you have just seen the results of a good party. show those caps your stabs.
>>
No. 631779 ID: d90668

Might want to hold off on using the one use haste tablet now.

You should be able to help dispatch the rest without it.

But keep it at the ready just in case something goes wrong.
>>
No. 631786 ID: 9ddf68

well time to help the party finish this things off.
>>
No. 631789 ID: 5db52c

>iron triangle works on fey
Handy that elemental weaknesses are apparently sound transmissible.

>what do
Stand clear of the muck, and start methodically putting the disabled bloody monsters out of their misery with your trident.

Look to Alaiv first, just in case they're going to tell you not to finish them off or something.

>haste tablet
You don't appear to need it. You allies successfully helped prevent you getting ripped to pieces and pinned them down. You don't need to match speed anymore.

>post battle analysis
Went pretty well, all things considered. Even going in blind, you bought your allies just enough time to respond decisively to the threat, without getting seriously injured in the process.

Be sure to thank them after things have stopped.
>>
No. 631792 ID: 296917

>>631773
Yeah don't use the tablet for this. Just get to stabbing. (I thought Alaiv was running? That must have been "unsheath", not "sheath". Also do we need to suggest for party members to do things or are they uncontrolled? It seems they mostly acted on their own here, but I'm not sure.)

Also put the tablet on your belt in case you need it in the future- it'll be easier to get at.
>>
No. 631828 ID: daf2af

Well, looks like you put those redcaps in a triangle choke, ohohohohoho!

Finish them off and put back your hate tablet. It's not needed any more.
>>
No. 631861 ID: 3c17ca

>>631773
Thank everyone, but keep the survivors contained. Ask Alaiv if redcaps are able to communicate in any fashion other than murder. What he knows about them, if they are guarding anything.

If not, I say we christen bonk jr. If we can, its time to hog tie them, hands to feet behind their backs, after we put bonk jr to them medium style. (knock them out).

past that, see if sizzle can use any red cap parts for her wares.

Plus is that cap detachable, we could use a new hat. Might scare the hell out of people too. Flycatcher Redcap. has a sorta ring to it.

That dead knight, and the possible necklace near him too, probably want to check that out.
>>
No. 631938 ID: 8f01e8

Stab with the trident while remaining safely outside of the puke-gas cloud.
>>
No. 631995 ID: ef9a81

>>631792
>I thought Alaiv was running? That must have been "unsheath", not "sheath"


Yeah that was my mistake. People made me notice that but it was kinda too late to fix it unfortunately. I'm going to try and be more careful next time.


>Also do we need to suggest for party members to do things or are they uncontrolled? It seems they mostly acted on their own here, but I'm not sure.

They are mostly uncontrolled, since a lot of them have tricks and powers that will eventually be revealed later. You can always give suggestions about their movements and actions though, if you want, and they'll follow them if they can or want.
>>
No. 632298 ID: 15202a
File 142791901356.jpg - (74.84KB , 750x600 , 01of7.jpg )
632298

>Might want to hold off on using the one use haste tablet now.

>no, you have just seen the results of a good party. show those caps your stabs.

>You should be able to help dispatch the rest without it.

>well time to help the party finish this things off.

>Stand clear of the muck, and start methodically putting the disabled bloody monsters out of their misery with your trident.
>Look to Alaiv first, just in case they're going to tell you not to finish them off or something.

>Just get to stabbing

>Finish them off and put back your hate tablet. It's not needed any more.

>Stab with the trident while remaining safely outside of the puke-gas cloud.

>If not, I say we christen bonk jr. If we can, its time to hog tie them, hands to feet behind their backs, after we put bonk jr to them medium style. (knock them out).

You wait for Alaiv's movements before deciding what to do.

He seems to understand it and moves toward the group of creatures

Alaiv: "Let's put them out of their misery. These creatures are dangerous anyway, travelers will be safer with them dead."

you and him then proceed to finish the helpless monsters.

You'd probably feel pity if these bastards didn't try to rip you apart.
>>
No. 632300 ID: 15202a
File 142791967596.jpg - (76.29KB , 870x530 , 02of7.jpg )
632300

>Be sure to thank them after things have stopped.

As you finish the last Red Cap, you thank the rest of the party.

Takabanda: "You are welcome, Flycatcher. As long as i'm around you should be all safe hahahhahah"

>past that, see if sizzle can use any red cap parts for her wares.

You ask Sizzle if she needs anything from the fairies.

Sizzle: "Oh yes! I do!"

She grabs a pair of pliers and starts pulling out the fairies' teeth.

Sizzle: "RedCap tooth. By pulverizing them i can make bloodlust potions and remedies against magical sleep"

You commend her for the way she ripped out the tooth. You imagined that alchemists would be less lean to do manual job like those. At least from what you saw in town.

Sizzle: "Oh no! You'd be surprised by the things we do during our studies. On the third lesson since i joined they made us dissect f..."
>>
No. 632301 ID: 15202a
File 142791975509.jpg - (47.11KB , 470x530 , 03of7.jpg )
632301

Sizzle: "...fffffffreakier creatures than this..."

She stares at you for a second before kneeling down

Sizzle: "ISHOULDPROBABLYGETBACKTOWORK!"
>>
No. 632302 ID: 15202a
File 142792008318.jpg - (58.78KB , 690x500 , 04of7.jpg )
632302

>Plus is that cap detachable, we could use a new hat. Might scare the hell out of people too. Flycatcher Redcap. has a sorta ring to it.

You grab one of the creature's head and pull off the hat. It takes a bit of strenght, since it was probably stuck due to dried blood and who knows what other kind of dirt, but you manage to separate the hat.

You ask Gianni to touch it and tell you if it is magical.

It immediately retracts its tentacle after barely touching it.

Gianni: "OH WOW, FRIEND. THAT THING IS EVIL! LIKE, NOT THE NORMAL KIND OF EVIL. REALLY REALLY EVIL."

You ask it if it is magical though.

Gianni: "YEAH IT IS. BUT I THINK IT'S MORE OF A CURSE THAN ANYTHING. IT WILL MAKE YOU CRAVE BLOOD AND VIOLENCE. ON THE OTHER SIDE I THINK IT WILL ALSO MAKE YOU FEEL NO PAIN, BUT WOW I DON'T LIKE THE FEELING OF THAT THING ON MY TENTACLES."
>>
No. 632303 ID: 15202a
File 142792025391.jpg - (59.05KB , 620x600 , 05of7.jpg )
632303

>That dead knight, and the possible necklace near him too, probably want to check that out.

You go to check the dead knight with Alaiv.

As you turn the head, you can see how the helmet cracked and probably broke the knight's nose and face. making him bleed and choke on his own blood. What a horrid way to go.

Alaiv points to the crest on the helmet though.

Alaiv: "Mmh. A soldier of the order of the Unquenchable Flame. He was probably riding from town to town to absolve his own orders"
>>
No. 632304 ID: 15202a
File 142792041813.jpg - (46.02KB , 700x430 , 06of7.jpg )
632304

You then go check the blood puddle behind the horse.

It wasn't a necklace. It was a large Vial.

The puddle seems to be made of the liquid contained in the vial. It must have flew off when the horse was killed and the content spilled.

It looks thicker than normal, but you are sure this is blood.
>>
No. 632305 ID: 15202a
File 142792068312.jpg - (54.85KB , 830x400 , 07of7.jpg )
632305

You leave the puddle alone for the moment and go back to loot the rest.

The armor is badly damaged and mostly unusable.

the only untouched things you find are:

- two rations of food.
- a healing potion
- a vial containing a light green fluid
- two letters, one open and one sealed. partially crumpled and covered in blood.
- a ring.
- a bag containing 76 gold coins and a small jade.

Gianni possesses the ring, curious to see if the new frame could be magical.

Gianni: "OH NICE! HEY FLICATCHER! THE RING IS MAGICAL TOO! IT KEEPS THE WEARER WARM IN ANY CONDITION AND IT CAN CREATE A SMALL SPARK TO LIGHT FIRES.
>>
No. 632306 ID: d3be40

>>632301
lol

>>632302
Yeah, just sell it as loot.

>>632304
That explains the redcaps.

Not much to do here. Take the headlamp or some other crest so that you can report the death.
>>
No. 632308 ID: 15202a

[AUTHOR NOTE]

Tomorrow's my birthday and i'm going away for 4-5 days to Siena for work and easter.

I'll resume updating FrogQuest as soon as i get back.

Thanks for your partecipation!
>>
No. 632309 ID: d90668

Well let everyone know what you found and ask about the blood vial. One of them might know why this guy was carrying it.

As for the loot/salvage I guess it would be best to check with the others about how they want to deal with this sort of thing. Best figure out how you are going to divide up stuff and make use of magical items now.
>>
No. 632310 ID: 296917

>>632304
I don't suppose Sizzle could say what sort of blood it is? Or identify the green vial? Or collect a bit of the thick blood? It must have been important.

Read the opened letter. Leave the sealed one sealed. We could take up his quest later, whatever it is. At least, assuming it's a quest we WANT to take.
>>
No. 632321 ID: 3c17ca

>>632302
-Can any of us ID that blood, and perhaps recover a large sample of it?
-Investigate letters
-Distribute loot, wear fly ass ring, for a fly ass flycatcher
-ID the green fluid
-Pull the crest off the helmet to return to the order. There might be a bounty or reward.
-Can sizzle harvest any alchemical components from the fallen rider or horse before we immolate them?
-Keep the redcap hats as bounty material if anyone in the party thinks we can get a bounty for them, otherwise burn em and keep on.
-See if we can keep the benefits of the evil hat but loose some of the evil, and if not, keep it around for a moment where such a curse would be a boon. doesn't take up much space.

**have a good vacation
>>
No. 632322 ID: 5db52c

>dissecting frogs
Pff.

>caps are evil, and cursed
We might be able to sell them. Failing that, maybe we should destroy them, so someone else doesn't find them and accidentally curse themselves. (Ask the more experienced adventure's advice, here).

>unknown not blood puddle
>vial containing a light green fluid
Unknown chemicals fall solidly in the domain of the alchemist. She gets to see if she can identity them, or if they're useful. (She doesn't need to finish the analysis now. She can take samples for later, if necessary).

>A soldier of the order of the Unquenchable Flame
What can our historian and/or bard tell us about that order?

>magic ring
Handy. I'll bet we can use the spark with other items or circumstances to good effect.

>food, potion, gold, jade
Strait up loot.

>[Get someone to] Read the opened letter [to you]. Leave the sealed one sealed.
I would agree with that. Letters hold a certain weight, and we don't have reason, yet, to violate someone's privacy by breaking the seal.

>what do
Loot stuff, ask Sizzle to prepare the body disposal potion to clean up the mess, and ask Takabanda if he could say a few words or play a tune appropriate for a fallen soldier.

Then we move on.
>>
No. 633385 ID: 2d7f9a
File 142849462612.jpg - (73.72KB , 600x740 , 01of5.jpg )
633385

>Yeah, just sell it as loot.

>We might be able to sell them. Failing that, maybe we should destroy them, so someone else doesn't find them and accidentally curse themselves. (Ask the more experienced adventure's advice, here).

>Keep the redcap hats as bounty material if anyone in the party thinks we can get a bounty for them, otherwise burn em and keep on.

You put all the redcaps inside a bag, taking a mental note to later dispose of the bloody bag as well.

>Distribute loot, wear fly ass ring, for a fly ass flycatcher

>As for the loot/salvage I guess it would be best to check with the others about how they want to deal with this sort of thing. Best figure out how you are going to divide up stuff and make use of magical items now.

You ask the rest of the group how loot division usually work in parties.

Takabanda: "Money and stuffs are usually divided equally between each member. In case of magical stuffs, usually the one with the least amount of stuff gets it."

Sizzle: "That should be me i guess?"

You pass the ring to Sizzle. she proceed to pocket it.

>ID the green fluid

Sizzle: "That's a potion of immolation. You drink it and it will burst you in flame, without harming you. It's an uncommon potion."

>I don't suppose Sizzle could say what sort of blood it is? Or identify the green vial? Or collect a bit of the thick blood? It must have been important.

>Unknown chemicals fall solidly in the domain of the alchemist. She gets to see if she can identity them, or if they're useful. (She doesn't need to finish the analysis now. She can take samples for later, if necessary).

>Well let everyone know what you found and ask about the blood vial. One of them might know why this guy was carrying it.

You ask Sizzle if she can identify the blood puddle.

Sizzle: "Mmmmh, not like this. I'd need a laboratory. I can take a sample of it for later"

She kneels and grabs the broken vial, still containing a bit of blood in it and puts into a bigger vial.
>>
No. 633386 ID: 2d7f9a
File 142849499594.jpg - (94.26KB , 700x640 , 02of5.jpg )
633386

>Pull the crest off the helmet to return to the order. There might be a bounty or reward.

>Can sizzle harvest any alchemical components from the fallen rider or horse before we immolate them?

>Loot stuff, ask Sizzle to prepare the body disposal potion to clean up the mess, and ask Takabanda if he could say a few words or play a tune appropriate for a fallen soldier

You rip off the emblem of the knight's helmet and help the other prepare him for the immolation.

Sizzle doesn't seem interested in taking samples or anyhing from the corpses, and she just prepare a dark green vial.

She pours it on the body, and it's immediately engulfed in green flames.

Takabanda starts hummming. Then proceed to sing what sounds like a religious hymn.

Takabanda: "... for you will not wander aimlessly in the night, but become fuel for the unquenchable flame...

You all wait for the flames to completely consume the body and then proceed to recover the ashes.
>>
No. 633388 ID: 2d7f9a
File 142849550134.jpg - (59.43KB , 600x965 , 03of5.jpg )
633388

>What can our historian and/or bard tell us about that order?

You turn to Alaiv, realizing that the name of the order wasn't new. He talked about them during your first encounter. You ask him to tell you more about the Unquenchable Flame

Alaiv: "The order of the Unquenchable Flame is an ancient religious order. It was created after the discovery of an ancient chalice that contained a piece of rock that was constantly on flame.
It was told that nothing could douse the flame, and that the chalice itself was a gift from the gods.
A big religion was born around it, most of the people believing it to have divine properties. Which if i recall it has. Touching the chalice would heal you of any disease: physical, mental, magical or spiritual.
Small parts of the flame were also harvested and there were even priests that swear that the flame itself was talking and whispering to them.
The order gained a lot of following during the centuries, up until one of the Flamebringers gained the highest rank in the church: FlameSinger Bramati.
This happened over two hundreds years ago. He started several crusades and holy wars against lesser religions that he considered impure. Pyres weren't an uncommon sight at that time, lots of people perished in those flame. Like the mages of Ki-la-ka-la or the church of Tesalvo."

he pauses for a while

Alaiv: "Despite being called the Firelight Years, that was a really dark period..."
>>
No. 633389 ID: 2d7f9a
File 142849584278.jpg - (51.76KB , 800x535 , 04of5.jpg )
633389

Alaiv: "The terrible massacres perpetuated by the order during that period were actually caused by a demon apparently. He possessed the FlameSinger and moved him to destroy whoever was in its path. He was killed one day by a misterious assassin, even if tales say it was MoonFace, one of the most cruel assassin.
Anyway. After the death of the FlameSinger, the demon was revealed to the world, and the king itself decide to dissolve the order. He was otherwise convinced by one of the oldest knight of the order. he told the king that they will work forever to make up for what happened and that everything they hold will be given away.
The king aknowledged this, and the order almost lost everything he had.
Nowadays, the order is regaining a bit of his old splendor, due to the work of their paladins and their clerics.
Only the most pious can join their ranks now. Or at least that's what they say. I'm sure they still accept payments to let second sons join their ranks heheheheh..."
>>
No. 633390 ID: 2d7f9a
File 142849638958.jpg - (48.30KB , 530x600 , 05of5.jpg )
633390

>Investigate letters

>Read the opened letter. Leave the sealed one sealed. We could take up his quest later, whatever it is. At least, assuming it's a quest we WANT to take.

>[Get someone to] Read the opened letter [to you]. Leave the sealed one sealed.
>I would agree with that. Letters hold a certain weight, and we don't have reason, yet, to violate someone's privacy by breaking the seal.

You ask the rest of the group if you should read the letters, in case they could shed some light.

Alaiv grabs the open letter and starts reading it: "Mmmh, it's a bit ruined, but it's still easily readable. Let's see: 'Orders from the Flamebringer Dumatini of Unquenchable Flame: Sir Clamcrasher, you have been chosen to bring the sample that has been achieved lately to the town of Redboat. Give the sample and the sealed letter to Father Grimdoom. Do not open the vial nor the sealed letter. Don't lose or let the vial fall in wrong hands. Your quest shall begin as soon as you receive the order to leave. The order of the Unquenchable Flame will grant you the rank of inner knight as soon as your mission is completed. May the flame light your path and cast away the shadow of doubt. Signed: Lord Frederik Dumatini, Flamebringer of the Unquenchable Flame.

Well at least now we know the name of this poor unfortunate soul"
>>
No. 633391 ID: bd8b82

hmm, i guess repackaging at least part of the sample is a good idea.
>>
No. 633398 ID: 88960e

>ring to Sizzle
That works. The spark ring could be potent if she combined the effect with flammable or explosive liquids. Oil has to be easier to make than alchemical fire, or an explosion in a bottle.

>Redboat
Is that on our way? Maybe we could deliver the remaining letter.
>>
No. 633405 ID: 3c17ca

>>633398
Hmm. I say we learn what the vial is first, what is special about it, and go from there. If it seems legit, sure, we go give it to the order, maybe get a bit of clout out of it. If not, we take appropriate measures.

Oh, can we check the sealed letter for any magic to make sure we are not carrying something overly dangerous? Like a bag of redcap hats?
>>
No. 633410 ID: 696535

>>633390
I'm seeing one of two options:
1) We pick up where Sir Clamcrasher left off and deliver that letter.
2) We return the letter and his ashes to the order and give our condolences.
>>
No. 633425 ID: 9ddf68

well, we're heading to redboat anyways. Don't see why we can't collect some more of whatever was in that vial and the letter to the guy in town.
>>
No. 633428 ID: 296917

>>633390
Interesting. Now I'm tempted to open the sealed letter, find out why the vial was not supposed to be opened. Ask Alaiv if he thinks that's a better idea than just making a side trip to Redboat later. Wait, how much of a detour would that be? Anyway, I'm leaning towards opening the sealed letter. I mean, what if the blood will go bad now that it's exposed to air, and it's like, really important?

Oooh, or maybe Gianni can sneak into the envelope and read the letter without breaking the seal?
>>
No. 633459 ID: 5db52c

It strikes me that we can make the decision to deliver the letter or not once we've arrived and gained more info, if we want to be careful about supporting something good slash not accidentally helping something bad.

That said, we can't unread a letter. I wouldn't do anything with the sealed one, yet.
>>
No. 633469 ID: 3c17ca

>>633428
This. Check the envelope for magic first, could be trapped or tamper protected! If we can bypass it, yes, let us do this.
>>
No. 633604 ID: 283add
File 142861056403.jpg - (58.09KB , 800x470 , 01of2.jpg )
633604

>Is that on our way? Maybe we could deliver the remaining letter.

>Hmm. I say we learn what the vial is first, what is special about it, and go from there. If it seems legit, sure, we go give it to the order, maybe get a bit of clout out of it. If not, we take appropriate measures

>Oh, can we check the sealed letter for any magic to make sure we are not carrying something overly dangerous? Like a bag of redcap hats?

>I'm seeing one of two options:
>1) We pick up where Sir Clamcrasher left off and deliver that letter.
>2) We return the letter and his ashes to the order and give our condolences.

>well, we're heading to redboat anyways. Don't see why we can't collect some more of whatever was in that vial and the letter to the guy in town.

>Interesting. Now I'm tempted to open the sealed letter, find out why the vial was not supposed to be opened. Ask Alaiv if he thinks that's a better idea than just making a side trip to Redboat later. Wait, how much of a detour would that be? Anyway, I'm leaning towards opening the sealed letter. I mean, what if the blood will go bad now that it's exposed to air, and it's like, really important?

>It strikes me that we can make the decision to deliver the letter or not once we've arrived and gained more info, if we want to be careful about supporting something good slash not accidentally helping something bad.

If you recall correctly RedBoat is the town you are heading to, right before Swabluff's outpost near the dungeon. It would not be a real problem to deliver the letter. Not much you can do about the vial though. Hopefully the little drops saved by Sizzle will be enough.

You ask Alaiv what does he think about all of this. And what you should do about the letter.

It's takabanda that answers: "I say we open the other letter too! Let's check what the hell we are dealing with at least."

Alaiv: "I am not honestly ok with opening a sealed letter. The people of the Unquenchable Flame will surely not take it well. The town is on the way. You can always go and give the letter to the receiver."

Sizzle: "I'd prefer to check what this vial contains to be honest. This was important enough for people to give away their lives. I wonder what it is."

You point out that the previous letter also said that the vial must never be opened, so it might be important.

Takabanda: "Eeeh i don't know. I think it's just a way for the high ranks to tell the guy to not try funny things."
>>
No. 633605 ID: 283add
File 142861083070.jpg - (55.49KB , 800x510 , 02of2.jpg )
633605

>Oooh, or maybe Gianni can sneak into the envelope and read the letter without breaking the seal?

>This. Check the envelope for magic first, could be trapped or tamper protected! If we can bypass it, yes, let us do this.

You ask to see the letter. Alaiv hands it to you and you hand it over to Gianni. You ask it if it can enter into the envelope without breaking the seal and read the content. That way you can know the contents of it without revealing it to the receivers.

Takabanda: "THAT'S BRILLIANT! NICE JOB!"

Alaiv: "Quite brilliant indeed. So, Gianni, can you do it?"

Gianni slowly pokes the envelope and looks back at you.

Gianni: "YEAH. I THINK I CAN. THE ONLY PROBLEM WOULD BE LIGHT. I DON'T KNOW IF I WILL BE ABLE TO READ CORRECTLY. IT MIGHT BE DARK IN IT. AND I CAN'T REALLY SEE WELL IN THERE. BUT IF YOU HAVE AN IDEA ON HOW TO BYPASS THAT I CAN TOTALLY JUMP IN THAT. NO PROBLEMS."
>>
No. 633607 ID: fe4bfc

If we hold the envelope up the the sun would that give you enough light? Or our magical elemental ball thingy.

The reason it would be nice to read it is if that blood was something really important or dangerous. Would be good to know what was going on if so.
>>
No. 633611 ID: dccc95

Shake up the elemental
>>
No. 633612 ID: 296917

Yeah, either hold it up to the sun or put a glowball against it.
>>
No. 633624 ID: 5db52c

Well, giving him the spark ring would be a bad idea, what with the paper.

If you can't get enough light through the envelope for him to read by by holding it up to the fire elemental orb and/or the sun, I suppose there's always alchemy. Give him a potion of dark vision (um, can framelocks drink?) or rub him with something that glows in the dark.
>>
No. 633626 ID: b9cef6

Yeah, just press it against the elemental.
We should give him a name.

Wait, are elementals sentient? If so I suddenly feel kinda weird about using a dude trapped in a sphere as a flashlight.
>>
No. 633642 ID: 3c17ca

>>633605
1. hold the envelope towards the sun, if the paper is too thick, lets make some light with the elemental, though mind the heat.
2. See if sizzle can craft some sort of bright potion, or something.
>>
No. 633648 ID: d3be40

Sizzle, is there any kind of oil that can soak parchment but be easily removed with near-invisible trace? If so, are there countermeasures against this?
>>
No. 633884 ID: 414935
File 142878093371.jpg - (55.97KB , 560x600 , 01of2.jpg )
633884

>Sizzle, is there any kind of oil that can soak parchment but be easily removed with near-invisible trace? If so, are there countermeasures against this?

>I suppose there's always alchemy. Give him a potion of dark vision (um, can framelocks drink?) or rub him with something that glows in the dark.

>2. See if sizzle can craft some sort of bright potion, or something.

You ask Sizzle if she can use any oil on the paper. Or if she can give Gianni anything to help him read better.

Sizzle: "I don't think using oils can be helpful. I have tracing oil, which evaporates after few minutes, but i am sure the envelope might be treated against alchemical liquids. If it is something important i'm sure of it. Special alchemical papers are used to send special messages. I would know better if i had a lab, since i can't really test things right here in the open."

She pulls out a tiny bag.

Sizzle: "Here is some glowing eyepowder if you need it Gianni. Just put it on your eyes and it should help you"

Gianni: "THAT WON'T WORK"

Sizzle: "What, oh come on. It's nothing drastic. I prepared it myself."

Gianni: "NO. I MEAN THAT THOSE THINGS DON'T WORK ON ME... I DON'T REALLY HAVE A FIXED BODY" it says while shifting his form inside the frame of the necklace, producing more mouths and eyes "I DON'T EVEN HAVE ORGANS. I DON'T EAT LIKE YOU GUYS. I AM SURE THAT WON'T WORK"

Sizzle: "Oh..."
>>
No. 633885 ID: 414935
File 142878188302.jpg - (45.04KB , 420x600 , 02of2.jpg )
633885

>If we hold the envelope up the the sun would that give you enough light? Or our magical elemental ball thingy.

>Yeah, either hold it up to the sun or put a glowball against it.

>Yeah, just press it against the elemental.


>1. hold the envelope towards the sun, if the paper is too thick, lets make some light with the elemental, though mind the heat.

You hold the envelope toward the sun, but you can barely see the shape of the letter inside.

You then pull out the small fire elemental that Swabluff gave you and shake it up

>Wait, are elementals sentient? If so I suddenly feel kinda weird about using a dude trapped in a sphere as a flashlight.

>We should give him a name.

They are partially sentients, they can get agitated and calmed, and they will recognize the owner and fly around them. But you are not sure they even realize they are alive or are able to think on their own. No real creature would let itself be held in a prison without rebelling. Since you gave a name to your mace you might give it a name too. It is technically alive.

You put the glass sphere behind the letter and you can see that the letters partially pop out.

Gianni possesses the envelope and starts reading

Gianni: "FATHER GRIMDOOM, I SEND YOU THE SAMPLE OF BLACK UNICORN AS OUR "GUEST" REQUESTED. AS PER ORDER THE SAMPLE WAS TAKEN DURING A FULL MOON AND KEPT SEALED AND PURIFIED. UNLESS THE KNIGHT I SENT OPENED IT, THE SAMPLE SHOULD BE USABLE FOR ITS PURPOSE. IF NOT, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PUNISH THE YOUNG KNIGHT FOR ITS INCOMPETENCY. I LEAVE THE SOLDIER AT OUR "GUEST" DISPOSAL IF HE NEEDS MORE HELP. MAY THE FLAME LIGHT OUR PATH AND CAST AWAY THE SHADOW OF DOUBT. SIGNED: YOUR FRIEND, LORD FREDERIK DUMATINI, FLAMEBRINGER OF THE UNQUENCHABLE FLAME"

Gianni: "THAT'S ALL"

You hear Sizzle behind you gasping.
>>
No. 633886 ID: a19cd5

>>633885
"Is that bad?"
>>
No. 633887 ID: a19cd5

>>633885
"Is that bad?"
>>
No. 633890 ID: b9cef6

That sounds evil as hell. Is it evil as hell?
Also I propose we name it Bik. Or Bikky.
>>
No. 633891 ID: b9f018

So how bad is that on a scale of "drugs" to "zombie apocalypse"?
>>
No. 633894 ID: 5db52c

>>633886
This.

This could be anything from a normal magical ingredient collection and delivery to full on dark arts and major lawbreaking, for all we know. (Are black unicorns evil, ala nethack? Is it going to be used in a sacrifice to forcibly change someone's alignment?).

It's not very nice for the writer to refer the knight delivering the message as an "it".
>>
No. 633907 ID: 296917

>>633885
Let's name it Firefly. Appropriate for a swamp dweller, is it not?

Ask Sizzle what sort of things this sort of blood could be used for. Are we going to have to uncover a conspiracy or something, here?
>>
No. 633914 ID: 8f01e8

>>633907
I vote that the elemental instead be named "serenity."
>>
No. 633933 ID: a9753c

>>633885
Yeah, I'd say this is a good sign that the Knights of the Unquenchable Flame are still corrupt. Seriously, Frederik had the gall to call his courier an "it"!

Well, the sample of this "Black Unicorn" is contaminated, so whatever experiment they were planning to perform has been set back. Sizzle should experiment herself, maybe this mixture will help with your adventure!
>>
No. 633987 ID: 696535

>>633933
I'm not an alchemist,but I'm pretty sure a deluded/tainted substance is pretty much useless.
Anyway, ask Sizzle if this is fixable.
>>
No. 634239 ID: 3c17ca

>>633885
see why sizzle is so shocked.
>>
No. 634616 ID: 459721
File 142912876492.jpg - (83.28KB , 750x600 , 01of3.jpg )
634616

>Also I propose we name it Bik. Or Bikky.

>Let's name it Firefly. Appropriate for a swamp dweller, is it not?

>I vote that the elemental instead be named "serenity."

http://strawpoll.me/4131948

>"Is that bad?"

>So how bad is that on a scale of "drugs" to "zombie apocalypse"?

>Ask Sizzle what sort of things this sort of blood could be used for. Are we going to have to uncover a conspiracy or something, here?

>I'm not an alchemist,but I'm pretty sure a deluded/tainted substance is pretty much useless.

>see why sizzle is so shocked.

You turn around to ask Sizzle what made her gasp, but before you manage to even open your mouth she grabs your face and excitedly squishes your cheeks.

Sizzle: "DIDTHATREALLYSAYBLACKUNICORNBLOOD"

Uuuh. you reply that it's what is wrote inside.

Sizzle: "DOYOUHAVEANYIDEAHOWRAREISBLACKUNICORNBLOOD?"

You tell her that you don't know but that you are sure she's going to tell you right now.

Sizzle: "THAT'SONEOFTHEMOSTRAREINGREDIENTANALCHEMISTCANEVEREVENDREAM!"

She lets go of your face and runs back to the dried puddle of blood on the dirt and starts scooping the ground with a little handshovel.

You ask her if the blood is still usable even if it is mixed and not pure anymore.

Sizzle: "OHNOPROBABLYNOTATTHEMOMENTBUTITHINKICANPURIFYASMALLSAMPLECAN'TWAITTOTELLTHISTOFENN'SSMUGFACEHAHAHAH!"

You are afraid you might have lost her for the moment as she vigorously scoop more dirt into vials.
>>
No. 634619 ID: 459721
File 142912941605.jpg - (60.09KB , 600x700 , 02of3.jpg )
634619

>"Is that bad?"

>That sounds evil as hell. Is it evil as hell?

>This could be anything from a normal magical ingredient collection and delivery to full on dark arts and major lawbreaking, for all we know. (Are black unicorns evil, ala nethack? Is it going to be used in a sacrifice to forcibly change someone's alignment?).

You ask to the rest of the group what exactly is a black unicorn and why the blood seems to be that important.

Takabanda: "A unicorn is a magical creature that resembles a horse with a horn in the middle of its head. They are the purest form of life in the world, their white fur is whiter than the snow on top of the mountains. Once in a while, often millenia, a black unicorn will be born. Despite their dark appearance, they are the most pure and innocent creatures. It is said that their blood was used centuries ago to produce the most disparate elixirs, from panaceas to reviving potions and even special liquids that can purify any poison, malady or filth. They were hunted, but that upset the natural order and the unicorns themselves almost went extinct. There are very few of those around nowadays. Hunting them is forbidden."

He pauses to ponder for a bit and then continues.

Takabanda: "Which means that the church is doing weird businesses. I don't like it."
>>
No. 634620 ID: 459721
File 142913005195.jpg - (76.04KB , 600x780 , 03of3.jpg )
634620

>Are we going to have to uncover a conspiracy or something, here?

>Yeah, I'd say this is a good sign that the Knights of the Unquenchable Flame are still corrupt. Seriously, Frederik had the gall to call his courier an "it"!

Well, the sample of this "Black Unicorn" is contaminated, so whatever experiment they were planning to perform has been set back. Sizzle should experiment herself, maybe this mixture will help with your adventure!

You point that than whatever they were planning it's now lost, since the blood is corrupted. You ask him if he thinks that the church might still be doing something awful.

Takabanda:"Oh yeah. I have no doubt. As you said, the fact that the guy doesn't even refers to the poor fellow over here" he picks up the sack of ashes "is a sign for me. I never really trusted those fire praying fools. The guy that should have received it is probably going to kill someone off or hell knows what"

Alaiv interrupts "I don't know about that, sir Gottascream. The name Grimdoom isn't new to me. I'm sure we are talking about Ludwig "Pious Hand" Grimdoom, of the Grimdoom family."

Takabanda: "The Cyclop slayer? The guy that led the army of this reign to victory against the invasions of the cyclops? Are you sure?"

Alaiv: "Yes, i know for a fact that he left the army and joined the order of the flame to help the people that lost their home and comforts after the war. He is one of the most pious man in this realm. A gentle soul, pure and brave. A true paladin and a swear enemy of evil. I'm not sure he'd purposedly take part in evil acts. It sounds completely out of his nature."

Takabanda: "Yes, but he must be a underling to the guy that sent the letter, what about him?"

Alaiv: "He's probably just a dick. I have known a lot of people in my days that considered people that aren't of the same social status like objects. It's unfortunately a normal condition in nobility nowadays."

Takabanda: "Nobles..."

Alaiv: "yep"
>>
No. 634622 ID: 296917

>>634620
Alright so to sum up, the blood could be used to make some sort of powerful healing elixir, but hunting black unicorns is illegal... wait, that wasn't a lot of blood in the vial. It's possible the blood was given willingly.

Okay, anyway, the delivery was fucked up but let's at least inform Grimdoom. Maybe we can help him later. Also, even impure unicorn blood may let us make some very cool potions. Hmm, I wonder if Sizzle can help Grimdoom? She majored in regeneration potions, which is probably pretty close to what the blood was supposed to be used for.

Onwards!
>>
No. 634628 ID: d3be40

Nobles or not, that vial was worth a king's ransom and now it's broken. Maybe some of the redcaps drank a small sample, but taking their blood might be risky. For the moment, keep the letters, they might be useful evidence.
>>
No. 634629 ID: 5db52c

Hmm. So maybe we deliver the letter and the remains, but we don't mention Sizzle might have managed to salvage some of the lost blood? See what impressions we make of the guy?

There might be some bigger plot to investigate, but I'm not sure how far we want to stick our noses into this.
>>
No. 634643 ID: b9cef6

Hmm. Well, the blood can only be used for Good things, but killing a unicorn to get the blood is a Bad thing. Hm.
I suppose the thing to do is to deliver the messages, and judge the guy before we tell him we know everything. If he's Good, I'm sure he'll be fine with us trying to judge his Goodness before we be totally honest.
Tips for identifying Not-Good: Standing in the corner wringing his hands and chuckling, being bald and owning a white cat, and practicing his railroad-tying-to knots.
>>
No. 634787 ID: 16ca08
File 142921063652.jpg - (89.49KB , 800x510 , 01of4.jpg )
634787

>Onwards!

Alaiv: "We should go back to the road though. Lingering in a place like this will help no one"

You resume marching.

>Alright so to sum up, the blood could be used to make some sort of powerful healing elixir, but hunting black unicorns is illegal... wait, that wasn't a lot of blood in the vial. It's possible the blood was given willingly.

>Hmm. Well, the blood can only be used for Good things, but killing a unicorn to get the blood is a Bad thing. Hm.

While walking you ask Alaiv if the blood might have been given instead of forcefully taken.

Alaiv: "That's a possibility"

So you tell him that this might not have any bad implication

Alaiv: "Well... Not exactly. Just because something is good per se doesn't mean it can't be used for evil. Imagine a tyrant or a bloodthirsty warlord that has access to something that will prolong his or her life. The elixir would clearly be good for them, but bad for the others. Objects and tools don't really have a good or bad side. It's who use them that you need to keep an eye on. I would have been more suspicious if someone like Grimdoom wasn't involved."
>>
No. 634789 ID: 16ca08
File 142921160926.jpg - (122.99KB , 1030x550 , 02of4.jpg )
634789

You march for a while, not stopping even after the sun sets.

You all stop only when Takabanda points to a statue built on the side of the road, weirdly clean and representing a smiling human with a large hat covering his face.

Takabanda: "There we are. A statue of the Laughing Bastard God. We can rest here and be safe for the rest of the night"

You start unpacking while you watch the rest of the group preparing the camp. Sizzle and Alaiv preparing the fire, while Takabanda makes offerings to the statue and recite a small prayer.

After that you all sit down, while Takabanda prepares dinner for everyone.

>Nobles or not, that vial was worth a king's ransom and now it's broken. Maybe some of the redcaps drank a small sample, but taking their blood might be risky. For the moment, keep the letters, they might be useful evidence.

>I suppose the thing to do is to deliver the messages, and judge the guy before we tell him we know everything. If he's Good, I'm sure he'll be fine with us trying to judge his Goodness before we be totally honest.

>Okay, anyway, the delivery was fucked up but let's at least inform Grimdoom. Maybe we can help him later. Also, even impure unicorn blood may let us make some very cool potions. Hmm, I wonder if Sizzle can help Grimdoom? She majored in regeneration potions, which is probably pretty close to what the blood was supposed to be used for.

>There might be some bigger plot to investigate, but I'm not sure how far we want to stick our noses into this.

You decide to ask what you should do about the whole situation, you don't know if you really should dwell too much into this situation, considering your own quest.

You tell them that you think you should at least give the letter to Grimdoom.

Alaiv: "Yes, that's clearly the right thing to do."

Takabanda: "Sure. But what about the blood vial?" He slurps the soup "Mmmmh needs more salt...Should we give the vial away too?"

Sizzle awkardly coughs

Sizzle: "I... i wouldn't mind analyzing the vial to be honest."

She stops for a second and clicks together the vials she was working with.

Sizzle: "I..it's a big opportunity f-for me. I am s-sure i'd never have another occasion to even see black unicorn blood"

You agree with her that you might want to keep the blood a secret for now. Maybe she can help the church later if she finds way of fixing it.

She smiles.

Alaiv: "Mmmmh. I don't like the idea of hiding things to people. But on the other hand, there isn't much they can do with tainted blood. Let's keep the vial."

Sizzle giggles like a tadpole that received permission to eat all the bugs she wants.

You pick up the egg from your bag and tell the rest of the party that you need to enter the mindlink again.

Takabanda: "Don't worry. Alaiv and i will take turns for watch. You younglings rest."
>>
No. 634795 ID: 16ca08
File 142921293430.jpg - (58.72KB , 530x660 , 03of4.jpg )
634795

you enter the mindlink.

S'shi'mh: "Greetings, trident wielder. How is the quest going?"

You tell her about what happened today, the knight, the RedCaps and the letter.

S'shi'mh : "The previous trident wielder told me that unicorns were bred by the servants of the air dragons as food supplies."

You tell them that now they are almost extinct and protected by law

S'shi'mh : "The world sure has changed"

She moves closer to you

S'shi'mh: "I also decided that since you are going to be the next trident wielder and you know not much about your job i should start teaching you something as well..."

You nod and ask her what she wants to teach you.
>>
No. 634796 ID: 16ca08
File 142921305580.jpg - (36.85KB , 490x400 , 04of4.jpg )
634796

S'shi'mh: "I am going to teach you Slime Magic"
>>
No. 634799 ID: 6cb462

Thank her for the opportunity. Ask a bit about how slime magic works.
>>
No. 634804 ID: fe4bfc

Tell her you would love to learn but your previous efforts with learning this sort of thing have not gone well.

But I bet she is a much better teacher than your old shaman. So do not assume you are hopeless until she says so. Its never a good idea to go into training with old baggage.
>>
No. 634808 ID: 3c17ca

>>634796
Not too good with magic, actually, really bad with magic. We can try if you want though.

A thought, we can mind link, but could we link in such a way that the dragon can see the world with our eyes, hear the world with our ears, in real time? Her wisdom would be of benefit, and it is probably better than being trapped in an egg.
>>
No. 634809 ID: 296917

>>634796
Okay but warn her you were told you have almost no talent for magic.

Also bring up the topic of having her meet the other members of your party, via the shared soul mind link thing.
>>
No. 634822 ID: bd8b82

course, actual breeders would probably help raise the unicorn populations. perhaps there is a air dragon secret to making them do it faster.
>>
No. 634825 ID: 5db52c

>unicorn breeding
Well, cultivating something with useful healing properties makes sense, at least.

>>634796
Awkwardly thank her and then bring up what the shaman told you before. You don't know if you'll be any good with magic.
>>
No. 635010 ID: ed70ad

The spark of your youth may not have caught onto magic in the style the Shaman tried to teach you , but things are different now.

Perhaps she can sense the correct way of teaching you through your bond.
>>
No. 635116 ID: 3c17ca

>>634796
>What can slime magic do? Can it make me stronger?
>>
No. 635337 ID: 0ffb04
File 142947332866.jpg - (72.33KB , 740x600 , 01of3.jpg )
635337

>Also bring up the topic of having her meet the other members of your party, via the shared soul mind link thing.

>A thought, we can mind link, but could we link in such a way that the dragon can see the world with our eyes, hear the world with our ears, in real time? Her wisdom would be of benefit, and it is probably better than being trapped in an egg.

You try to change subject by telling her about the shared soul-link with the other members or if she might know any way of linking you two together so that she could have a direct view on the world.

S'shi'mh: "We'll talk about meeting the rest of the group after reaching the next town. I would not mind being able to see the world for myself either, but i have on idea how i would do. For now, let's focus on slime magic, shall we?"
>>
No. 635340 ID: 0ffb04
File 142947377633.jpg - (58.47KB , 600x600 , 02of3.jpg )
635340

>Tell her you would love to learn but your previous efforts with learning this sort of thing have not gone well.

>Not too good with magic, actually, really bad with magic. We can try if you want though.

>Okay but warn her you were told you have almost no talent for magic.

>Awkwardly thank her and then bring up what the shaman told you before. You don't know if you'll be any good with magic.

You tell her that since you were a tapdole, the shaman in your tribe has sensed that you had the least amount of magical energy in you. You tell her that you might not be able to even perform the slightest magic trick.

S'shi'mh: "Ah, nonsense. Come here, let me feel your magic spark myself. I bet you are either being modest or your shaman was wrong."

She reaches for your forehead and pushes her little paw on it. You close your eyes as you feel her energy flow through your spirit.

S'shi'mh: "Oh..."

S'shi'mh: "uhm... ok..."

She removes her paw and looks at you with a sad expression.

S'shi'mh: "Yeah, ok. You are not being modest. I have never sensed so little affinity for magic."
>>
No. 635347 ID: dbe554

Well it's not like it's a handicap, you've done pretty well through life even if that would be vastly useful to you.

Unless there's some sort of trick to expanding magical potential its just something you've got to live without.
>>
No. 635350 ID: 0ffb04
File 142947502003.jpg - (51.21KB , 460x800 , 03of3.jpg )
635350

>Unless there's some sort of trick to expanding magical potential its just something you've got to live without.

You ask her if it can be possible to increment your own spark.

She pauses for a bit and scratches her chin.

S'shi'mh: "Well... uhm. You were able to use the slime bracelets, right?"

You nod and tell her that you can easily use those.

S'shi'mh: "Alright, good! That's a start. Those were used by the priests to learn how to control the bases of slime magic, before being able to summon it. I don't think you'll be able to cast magic by yourself, but i do believe you can use the slime in the bracelet to shape up your magic spark. Think of them as plants that the vine can use to grow on."

S'shi'mh: "Well at least i hope so. Do you want to try that?"

>What can slime magic do? Can it make me stronger?

>But I bet she is a much better teacher than your old shaman. So do not assume you are hopeless until she says so. Its never a good idea to go into training with old baggage.

You thank her for the opportunity and ask her how slime magic works exactly.

S'shi'mh: "Slime magic is one of the highest forms of water magic. It allows the user to modify the properties of liquids. It's divided in three major base:
- Summoning and volume: which allows you to either form slime out of the humidity in the air, or increment the volume of existing slime.
- Hardness: which allows you to modify the density of the slime, from making it perfectly liquid to make it as hard as steel.
- Shape: which allows you to create various forms and even make the slime move at your own will.

In your state, you should start with only one of these and try to focus. By learning one of these you will be able to use it in conjuction with your bracelets.
"

S'shi'mh: "So! Which one do you want to try?"
>>
No. 635351 ID: bd8b82

hmmm.... hardness. would be neat to have a portable form of the bouncy doors.
>>
No. 635352 ID: 6ac522

>>635350
You have yourself an excellent teacher here. Even after identifying a major obstacle, she's still willing, and able, to help.

Altering the hardness of slime is probably the best place to start. The bracelet seems to be able to make slime all on its own, and there are ways to reshape slime without the use of magic.. but manipulating its consistency sounds like something that you could use, that the bracelet didn't do reflexively. Who knows, with a little creativity you could make slime into something stronger than demon flesh.
>>
No. 635354 ID: 5db52c

>We'll talk about meeting the rest of the group after reaching the next town
If we're going to make the entire group asleep and helpless at once, I'd feel better locked in a room than out in the open, anyways.

>can't do magic on our own but we might be able to refine our ability to use the bracelet
That makes sense. We lack our own power, but we might be able to refine our technique or control.

>So! Which one do you want to try?
Let's go with shape. Maybe we can learn to make something more interesting / useful than the simple coating we can manage now. (A relatively simply application: if we can manipulate the angle or curvature of the slime surface on the shield, we can control the direction thing rebound at. We can control where reflected projectiles and weapons bounce).
>>
No. 635355 ID: ea6454

I think hardness is a good starting point. Shape and size can be partly accounted for by things like shaping the slime around our shield, so improving toughness or reflective ability seems like a good first direction.
>>
No. 635366 ID: d90668

Hardness is probably as good a starting point as any.

Ask her for some training you can do with slime magic while traveling every day. If you start exercising your magic muscles a few hours every day you might just be able to become a half decent magic user eventually.
>>
No. 635371 ID: 296917

>>635350
Summoning and Volume. The slime on the shield seems to be able to deflect powerful blows. Imagine that, but over your body like armor.
>>
No. 635404 ID: 3c17ca

>>635350
Considering our proclivity towards violent interactive via a metallic based medium at short range...hardness. Hardness would be good.
>>
No. 635413 ID: a9753c

Summoning and Volume; slime is a powerful defensive ability, and you'll want to protect your teammates as the main tank.
>>
No. 636952 ID: a27e11
File 143033533387.jpg - (73.33KB , 800x540 , 01of3.jpg )
636952

You decide to go for Hardness.

S'shi'mh: "Alright. Let's start. As i told you before in the mindlink you can create any mind construct as long as you can imagine it. Try to imagine a lump of slime, similar to the one created by the bracelets."

You assume a position you remember seeing when your shaman was doing magic and focus on the image of the slime on your bracelet.

you hear the gargling sound of slime being created.

S'shi'mh: "Why are you doing that?"

You ask her what she means.

S'shi'mh: "That pose..."

You tell her that it's the pose your shaman used to do when doing magic in your village. You imagined it helped with the flow of magic

S'shi'mh: "Uh... No. Poses don't really help with our kind of magic, aside for looking good i think"

You feel that might explain a lot about your village's shaman.
>>
No. 636953 ID: a27e11
File 143033564509.jpg - (62.33KB , 600x600 , 02of3.jpg )
636953

S'shi'mh: "Anyway, now focus on the slime. Imagine the cycle of the water going from water to ice and from ice to water again. And then from water to steam and from steam to water again"

You look at her cluelessly.

S'shi'mh: "..."

S'shi'mh: "Look at the slime. Now imagine that the temperature of the slime decreases like the temperature does in winter. Imagine it freezing. And then will it, similarly to how you bring the slime out of the bracelets. "

You start focusing on the ball of slime in front of you, and start imagining it freezing.

You keep focusing on it, as hard as you can.

But the slime doesn't seem to freeze.

You look at S'shi'mh.

S'shi'mh: "You are not expecting it to immediately freeze, right?"

You whisper that you were kinda hope it.

S'shi'mh: "Keep focusing."
>>
No. 636954 ID: a27e11
File 143033609736.jpg - (55.45KB , 800x470 , 03of3.jpg )
636954

Hours seem to pass, without any sign of change from the slimeball.

You ask S'shi'mh if you are doing this correctly.

She tells you to stop focusing and puts a finger on the slime ball.

She pushes it down to show you how much it can go.

S'shi'mh: "Now focus on it"

You start focusing on it, as hard as you can. And you see how her finger gets slightly pushed back. Not even half an inch, but it moved, you are sure of it.

S'shi'mh: "See? You can do it. You just need to keep practicing everyday for a hour at least you will be able to make it as hard as steel or as soft as snow."

You nod, telling her you understood.

S'shi'mh: "Alright. Now stop. It can be draining to do this considering your level of spark."

You let go of the slime and start panting. You do feel tired, even if in this place only your spirit resides.

S'shi'mh: "We have a couple hours left before you need to wake up, anything else you want to know or that i can teach you?"
>>
No. 636955 ID: 3c17ca

>>636953
do we roll for effort? otherwise...

>try super hard, but our own visualization; Bonk coming down onto a skull, the bone >caving in, shattering, the flesh holding the liquifying brain in like a wet sack and >that moment before the head caves in and pops like a rotten melon.

>Shock waves traveling through flesh on a good hit, the fluid rippling in slow motion, >compressing, expanding.

>can we imagine magic like we visualize the fight, knowing what to expect will happen and having faith in it?
>>
No. 636957 ID: bd8b82

you have been out in winder right? been cold and hard to move.

anyway, ask about reviving dragon kind. obviously she will need to grow up first, but will one dragon be enough? are they like bees. or do we need to find her a boyfriend eventually?
>>
No. 636969 ID: 809713

Hey, wait, if she knows magic, does that mean her egg can case spells? It's a mental thing, not a body thing, right?

Not that it would be very practical if she can't see around her, but it might be worth her having emergency options if someone was really using demons to assassinate dragon-eggs.

How long does it take a dragon to get big after you hatch, anyways? I mean, I know you live a long time, but... (wondering if you'd see her grow up in your lifetime).

>anything else you want to know or that i can teach you?
They used to teach her stories about your people's history, right? Maybe she could teach you some of that. It would be nice to know more about the non-mudswamp ranidae.
>>
No. 637084 ID: 3c17ca

>>636954
(totally thought we were burping in the dragon's face at first.)

Can we ask the dragon about introducing some of our friends. I am most interested in her meeting our framelock, because he can detect evil at least evil magic, and hopefully intent. I want to know what he thinks after he meets her, and after she meets him, what is thought of that as well. We are pragmatic if anything.

Speaking of which, lets ask the framelock if he can detect if a being is evil or not.
>>
No. 637246 ID: 0581b6
File 143048325755.jpg - (53.06KB , 582x466 , 01of4.jpg )
637246

>try super hard, but our own visualization; Bonk coming down onto a skull, the bone >caving in, shattering, the flesh holding the liquifying brain in like a wet sack and >that moment before the head caves in and pops like a rotten melon.

>Shock waves traveling through flesh on a good hit, the fluid rippling in slow motion, >compressing, expanding.

>can we imagine magic like we visualize the fight, knowing what to expect will happen and having faith in it?

That might work better for you, since you know how to crack skulls better than you know how magic should work. You'll have to try it when you get back to the real world.

>you have been out in winder right? been cold and hard to move.

That's why your race usually buries in the mud and wait till the weather gets better.

>Can we ask the dragon about introducing some of our friends. I am most interested in her meeting our framelock, because he can detect evil at least evil magic, and hopefully intent. I want to know what he thinks after he meets her, and after she meets him, what is thought of that as well. We are pragmatic if anything.

You already asked her about it, She told you to wait till you get to the next village and she will consider. You have no idea if Gianni can even get in the mindlink. It said that its body doesn't really work like anyone else, so you wonder if its soul does the same. If it has one.

>Speaking of which, lets ask the framelock if he can detect if a being is evil or not.

You are sure that Gianni can detect magic, and it did detect evil in the redcaps. So it should be able to do it. That is actually really handy, You should try to remember about it.
>>
No. 637247 ID: 0581b6
File 143048370134.jpg - (58.29KB , 630x600 , 02of4.jpg )
637247

>Hey, wait, if she knows magic, does that mean her egg can case spells? It's a mental thing, not a body thing, right?

>Not that it would be very practical if she can't see around her, but it might be worth her having emergency options if someone was really using demons to assassinate dragon-eggs.

You ask S'shi'mh if she is able to use magic on her own, while still in the egg.

S'shi'mh: "No. The egg protects my physical body from any magic attack and most of physical, but it also prevent me to make my magic flow outside. It's a defense mechanism that we dragon use to prevent the non-born to consume or overuse their spark before being ready."

>How long does it take a dragon to get big after you hatch, anyways? I mean, I know you live a long time, but... (wondering if you'd see her grow up in your lifetime).

You ask her how much will it take for her to grow to become an adult.

S'shi'mh: "Usually not more than a month or two. See, as i told you before. Our spirits grow faster than our phyiscal bodies. This means that we need to learn how to manipulate our own magic. The physical body starts really small, and an excessive amount of energy right from the start will inevitably damage it. The previous trident wielders taught me how to slowly imagine myself growing into adulthood. I am currently assuming this form because it will be the form of my physical body when i hatch. After that, if my body doesn't reject my magic, i will be able to use my own spark to make it grow to an appropriate size. The only real problem is the hatching part. And i'm ready for it. I've been ready for a while"
>>
No. 637248 ID: 0581b6
File 143048414396.jpg - (78.83KB , 530x1020 , 03of4.jpg )
637248

>They used to teach her stories about your people's history, right? Maybe she could teach you some of that. It would be nice to know more about the non-mudswamp ranidae.

You ask her to tell you more about your race, pre-fall.

S'shi'mh: "Sure. I don't really know everything to be fair. The trident wielders were more concern about making me learn how to hatch and my position more than telling about themselves. One of them was chatty enough to let me ask who they were exactly. He told me that your race has been serving the water dragons and the other dragons since they can remember. They received the ability to use water magic, and someone even earth magic, from the ancient dragons. He told me about huge underground cities built around lakes or water channels where both the water dragons and the Ranidae lived. He showed me a mental image for his capital and it had a large zigurrath in the middle of it, called "the Nest". That's where most of the dragons left their eggs to hatch, and where they will later join the choir. While being servants of the dragons, the ranidae were free to have their own leaders, the Wielders of the trident. Like the one you have. It was a symbol of power in your race, a gift from the water dragons."
>>
No. 637249 ID: 0581b6
File 143048428184.jpg - (51.12KB , 530x650 , 04of4.jpg )
637249

>anyway, ask about reviving dragon kind. obviously she will need to grow up first, but will one dragon be enough? are they like bees. or do we need to find her a boyfriend eventually?

S'shi'mh: "Uh, yes... about that. They have been rather vague on how mating works. They usually told me that my mother would teach me or that it would either come naturally. All i know is that i will need a mate. At least one...

She blushes.
>>
No. 637258 ID: 88960e

>>637249
Haha, sorry, didn't mean to embarrass her.

Biological necessities aside, I imagine she'd want to know other dragons if we can find them.

>stuff told to her by trident weilders
You know, I noticed she talks a lot about what she learned from the ranidae, but not her mother. Did she not use the mind link to talk to her? (I mean, you guess royalty might leave child rearing largely to the help, but...).
>>
No. 637278 ID: e114bc

>>637249
Well I hope it doesn't have to be another water dragon. I expect we're going to wind up finding like, one survivor of each main element.

Talk about a genetic bottleneck...
>>
No. 637355 ID: 311774

>>637249
Just "a mate"?
Does that mean it doesn't have to be a dragon?
>>
No. 638297 ID: 941212
File 143085319448.jpg - (44.34KB , 600x620 , 01of3.jpg )
638297

>You know, I noticed she talks a lot about what she learned from the ranidae, but not her mother. Did she not use the mind link to talk to her? (I mean, you guess royalty might leave child rearing largely to the help, but...).

You ask her about her upbringing, if she has ever even seen her mother or talked to her.

S'shi'mh:"The mindlink only works in certain proximities. My mother didn't live with me, i was raised in the temple by the priests and the trident wielder, so we didn't have way of contacting each other. The last memory i have of Queen Si'Fud, my mother, is a kiss she gave to my egg before leaving me in the hands of the priests. She told me that she loved me and that i will grow strong and proud."
>>
No. 638299 ID: 941212
File 143085374188.jpg - (68.88KB , 620x530 , 02of3.jpg )
638299

>Well I hope it doesn't have to be another water dragon. I expect we're going to wind up finding like, one survivor of each main element.

She said that dragons can mate with each other and the spawn will either be a mixed breed of the types or inherit one of the types from the parents. So even if you don't find another water dragon you should be able to repopulate the specie.

>Just "a mate"?
>Does that mean it doesn't have to be a dragon?

>Biological necessities aside, I imagine she'd want to know other dragons if we can find them.

You ask her if the mate needs to be a dragon or if there can be other ways.

S'shi'mh: "It should be a dragon. I know that there are possibilities of mixed breeds, but those are a big taboo for us. The wielders warned me about it."

Alright. You tell her that you are not sure if you'll be able to find a suitable water dragon to be her mate, so you might have to choose whatever kind of dragons you can manage to rescue. And you think to yourself, "If" there are other dragons to rescue.

S'shi'mh: "Yes, i know that. I will do my best to do my duty. Any dragon we can find will be a possible mate. Even if i hope we can find a sand dragon, they always looked majestic in the tales and lessons of the wielders i wouldn't mind ..."

she stops and glare at you, realizing what she was going to say.

S'shi'mh: "ERR!UUUH!I THINK OUR TIME IS ALMOST OVER I'LL SEE YOU WHEN YOU ARRIVE TO THE NEXT TOWN. BYE!"

She abrubtly kicks you out of the mindlink and you wake up in the real world.

Takabanda: "Rough night? You look tired"

You tell him that everything is alright, and you start packing so you can get back on the road.
>>
No. 638301 ID: 941212
File 143085398479.jpg - (87.04KB , 800x595 , 03of3.jpg )
638301

You march all day, and without anything interesting happening, you finally arrive to the town of Redboat. You immediately recognize that the name must came from the rather huge capsized red boat standing in the middle of it.

Takabanda: "Aaah Redboat. Haven't been here in a while."

Sizzle: "It's actually my first time here. How's is the town?"

Takabanda: "A bit rough due to the fact that they live so close to the wildlands, but they make the best Roc stew in the world." he chuckles.
>>
No. 638302 ID: e114bc

>>638301
How did that boat get there?

We've got a little spending money again, we could check out the shops.
>>
No. 638303 ID: b6178d

>>638301

>Best roc stew.

It figures that the dwarf would be a connoisseur of rock stews. All that gravel in the gruel will probably do no favor for sensitive stomachs, though! :V

So, interesting place, seems. Where'd that boat come from, anyway?
>>
No. 638304 ID: ca6401

>>638301
You have to admit though, it's a pretty nice boat.
>>
No. 638323 ID: 79940c

>Queen Si'Fud
>Seafood
Pfff.
>>
No. 638335 ID: 6cb462

Gate is closed. Either it is still too early in the morning to open it up, they are protecting themselves from an incoming threat (hopefully not) or they are overprotective of their village.
>>
No. 638383 ID: ad7bba

>>638303
A roc is a giant mythical bird. Sorry if you were making a pun.
>>
No. 639222 ID: d5a4f1
File 143120343169.jpg - (158.99KB , 600x1780 , 01of3.jpg )
639222

>How did that boat get there?

>You have to admit though, it's a pretty nice boat.

>So, interesting place, seems. Where'd that boat come from, anyway?

You ask Takabanda what does he know about the big boat in the middle of the town.

Takabanda: "Oh, never heard of the Laughing Bastard God?"

You tell him no, but that you remember that the statue where you made camp was his.

Takabanda: "The Laughing Bastard God is one of the god that supervise and rule over this lands. He wasn't born as a god though. He was a human, that craved everything in life, Son of a thousand kings, he inherited a silver tongue, a thirst for power and the bronziest of faces. He roamed the lands in search of a way to become more and more powerful, until he met three gods, resting their backs on their own obelisks. He talked to them, multiple times. Until they actually started to pay attention to him, asking him to stop bothering them. He told them that he'd do that in exchange of a spark to become a god.
The three gods looked at each other and laughed, sending him away. But he kept asking and asking again. One of the gods then agreed to forge a pact with him. They'd grant him the spark of a god if he'd manage to bring back a branch of the sacred red tree that grew on a small island in the middle of the ocean. The human agreed to that and left.
The gods then laughed and laughed for days, weeks and months. They knew that the red tree was sacred to the god of all seas and oceans, and going near it would be a death sentece, even for a god.
And so Life returned to normal for the gods on that hill."
>>
No. 639223 ID: d5a4f1
File 143120371380.jpg - (126.18KB , 600x1250 , 02of3.jpg )
639223

Takabanda: "And they kept going on with their lives, until one day a shadow covered the entire hill. They looked up, only to see a gigantic red boat smashing down on them. Battered and injuried the gods crawled out from behind the hull, only to find the human they sent to die, standing in front of them, laughing. He bent down to them and told them that he came back to get his spark. That's how the Laughing Bastard God was born. He later flipped the boat and made it his first church, over the debris of the obelisks of the gods that tried to trick him."

You ask him why the gods didn't say anything about him putting a church on their own sacred ground.

Takabanda: "Oh well they really couldn't say much. They were trapped later by the Laughing Bastard God inside their own obelisks and used to make statues. But that's another story."
>>
No. 639224 ID: 9297f4

I LIKE HIM.
>>
No. 639225 ID: d5a4f1
File 143120447462.jpg - (75.49KB , 700x600 , 03of3.jpg )
639225

>Gate is closed. Either it is still too early in the morning to open it up, they are protecting themselves from an incoming threat (hopefully not) or they are overprotective of their village.

It is weird. Considering it's just later afternoon, and the sun hasn't set yet, the doors should be open.

You and the rest of the party walk up to the gates, where Alaiv shouts to the watchtowers.

After few seconds, a Faelkin guard pops out

Guard: "WHO GOES THERE?"

Alaiv introduces the party and himself and inquires on why the gate is closed at this hour of the day.

Guard: "DOORS CLOSE EARLIER IN THIS SEASON, BECAUSE WILD BEASTS ROAM FREELY. YOU WERE LUCKY TO GET HERE WITHOUT BEING MAULED."

Alaiv asks if you can enter.

Guard: "ENTER FROM THE SMALL DOOR ON THE LEFT. I'LL MAKE MY COMPANION OPEN IT"

You enter through a smaller door, near the gates.

>We've got a little spending money again, we could check out the shops

You ask Takabanda if he knows about the shops in town. You can get something before sunset.

Takabanda: "Well then, lets see if i remember. There should be two smiths: a elven armorsmith called Narciso Nabellagamba and a human weaponsmith called Kurt Deadeyes. The alchemy shop is that way, it's called 'Fez and Jigglesaw, alchemy for cheap'. Magic shops, magic shops... Mmmmh i think there is a mage in the market place called Fishbubble the Majestic, and in case there are other mages in the church district. That's also where the Unquenchable flame church is."
>>
No. 639250 ID: 3c17ca

>>639225

Time to do a little window shopping, we have a sack full of unimaginably evil hats and some loot to divest ourselves of. By visiting the owners we get a lay of the land, and any potential gossip. See if any of the places are marked as a swabluff venture, perhaps we get a discount. See if there is any work to be done on the side too. never hurts.


Narciso Nabellagamba- What can an elf make, or perhaps upgrade?
Kurt Deadeyes- We have a lot of good stuff but you never know.

Fez and Jigglesaw- send our girl here, she will be able to see if the place has anything worthwhile, or maybe even talk down their prices. Just don't mention the blood.

Fishbubble the Majestic- Our framelock might be interested in this place.

An inn. we need an inn.
>>
No. 639256 ID: 79940c

>DOORS CLOSE EARLIER IN THIS SEASON, BECAUSE WILD BEASTS ROAM FREELY.
I wonder if the red caps count as one of the wild beasts harassing the area. Maybe there's a bounty on said beasts? We might be able to cash in with the caps we took.

>That's also where the Unquenchable flame church is.
We probably should inform them that their comrade fell in battle. (Not sure if we need to do it tonight, of it that kind of news is better left for morning).
>>
No. 639530 ID: e85f74

>>639225
>DOORS CLOSE EARLIER IN THIS SEASON, BECAUSE WILD BEASTS ROAM FREELY.
I'll bet that ere, the land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind.
But yeah that Fishbubble guy sounds like a character. See if they live up to their name?
>>
No. 639533 ID: 04e33b

>>639225
You know... I don't think there's anything we'd want aside from maybe another enchanted item. Or more consumable magic items like those haste tablets. So I vote magic shop.
>>
No. 639722 ID: dd6fe5
File 143137420614.jpg - (71.20KB , 800x416 , 01of4.jpg )
639722

>An inn. we need an inn.

>We probably should inform them that their comrade fell in battle. (Not sure if we need to do it tonight, of it that kind of news is better left for morning)

You ask Takabanda if there are inns too.

Takabanda: "Well, of course there are. We are going to stay at one of Swabluff's taverns. 'Sita Mirinda's marvelous pieplace'. You can recognize it by the swabluff symbol. Or the smell of meatpies. The best in the world. Believe me ahah. I think i'll just go there and see if anyone feels like dancing. It has been too long since i had an audience."

Alaiv: "I think i'll go there too. Tomorrow we can go talk with Father Grimdoom. I wouldn't mind relaxing now, since we will probably won't be able later."

>Time to do a little window shopping, we have a sack full of unimaginably evil hats and some loot to divest ourselves of. By visiting the owners we get a lay of the land, and any potential gossip. See if any of the places are marked as a swabluff venture, perhaps we get a discount. See if there is any work to be done on the side too. never hurts.

>Fez and Jigglesaw- send our girl here, she will be able to see if the place has anything worthwhile, or maybe even talk down their prices. Just don't mention the blood.

You agree to meet the group later, after you get a bit of shopping and you ask if Sizzle want

Sizzle: "Well, yeah. I was thinking i should check the place. I'll probably look for things to buy either tomorrow or before we leave town. You can meet me there when you are done with the other shops."

You tell her that you'll see what you can do, not knowing how much time it will take you to see all the shops.

>I wonder if the red caps count as one of the wild beasts harassing the area. Maybe there's a bounty on said beasts? We might be able to cash in with the caps we took.

While walking around the streets, looking for the shops Takabanda told you about, you stop a city guard.

The guard looks at you weirdly. And you realize he's not the only one. People seem to be curious about you. It hits you again that in this part of the realm they have probably never seen a Ranidae walking in the street.

Guard: "Yes... What do you want?"

You introduce yourself and ask him about the wild beasts roaming near the city.

Guard: "A ranidae adventurer, uh? Well you see new things everyday. Anyway, due to the mines that have been opened in the mountains near the town, a lot of beasts ran away from their caves and started roaming the forests nearby. Mostly Bloodwolves and Nibblers. But there has been sights of a Troll. A merchant has been attacked by a hairy quadrupedal monster and managed to flee with only his life. They don't seem to be afraid of civilized folks and are rather aggressive, but they become more active only during the evening and night. That's why we keep the doors closed"

You ask him if there are bounties on those beasts or similar monsters.

Guard: "Well, not really. I know that the churces have bounties for specific monsters like demons or were-creatures. But nothing else. Maybe other weird people have put bounties on monsters for collections. I heard one of the dukes down in the south did that. Or wizards and alchemists. They use parts of beasts for their stuffs."

You thank him and move to the first shop.
>>
No. 639725 ID: dd6fe5
File 143137474645.jpg - (81.54KB , 800x520 , 02of4.jpg )
639725

>Narciso Nabellagamba- What can an elf make, or perhaps upgrade?

You enter the shop of the armorsmith. Which looks nothing like the blacksmith down in Bluemoat.

It looks way more similar to a tailor shop, with lots of mannequins and drapes everywhere.

A lanky, well-dressed elf sprints toward you as soon as you step into.

Narciso: "NONONONONONONONONONONONONO. SHOOO. SHOOO"

he signals you to get out. But you refuse to move and ask him why should you get out or why is he pushing away customers.

Narciso: "OH BY THE GODS YOU ARE ACTUALLY SENTIENT. AH-hem. My bad. Are you a client?"

You tell him that you might be, since this is supposedly a armorsmith shop and you are an adventurer.

Narciso: "This isn't an armorsmith. This is the armorsmith. You'll never find anything as fine and elegant as the armors made by the great Narciso Nabellagamba. Which is me, of course!"

You glare at him and ask him to show you his wares.

Narciso: "Will do!"

Wares:

- Leather armor 25 GP
- Studded leather armor 50 GP
- Breastplate armor 100 GP
- Chainmail armor 200 GP
- Plate armor 500 GP
- SteelSilk mail 100 GP
- SteelSilk mantle 120GP
- Round shield 40 GP
- Kite shield 75 GP
- Helmet 50 GP
- Blade helmet 60 GP
- Spiked gauntlets 80 GP
- Ornaments (+10GP per piece)

You ask him what is SteelSilk and you try to touch them, but you only receive a slap on the hand.

Narciso: "PLEASE! Refrain to touch the exposed merchandise. SteelSilk is a rare and special silk produced by the spiders that live in mines and eat ores. Their silk is as strong as tempered steel but as light as a feather. The most incredible material in the world and only the great hands of Narciso Nabellagamba know how to create stuffs with it!"

You tell him that you'll think about it and move to the next shop.

...Elves...
>>
No. 639727 ID: dd6fe5
File 143137497281.jpg - (69.39KB , 800x440 , 03of4.jpg )
639727

>Kurt Deadeyes- We have a lot of good stuff but you never know.

You enter into the weaponsmith. A hunched human wearing a eyepatch greets you

Deadeye: "Oh, welcome. how can i help you"

he doesn't seem to be puzzled by your appearance in his town and you ask why.

Deadeye: "Oh, i was born in Bluemoat. I have met a lot of ranidae when i used to throw away garbage in the swamps. Haven't seen one dressed like you though."

You present yourself and ask about his wares.

Deadeye: "Ooooh a ranidae adventurer. Interesting. Here, let me show you what i have in stock."

Wares:

- Razor-whip 30 GP
- Battle axe 40 GP
- Warmace 50 GP
- Warhammer 55 GP
- Dagger 15 GP
- Short sword 40 GP
- Long sword 60 GP
- Falchion 60 GP
- Halberd 50 GP
- Short spear 20 GP
- Spear 25 GP
- Crossbow 100 GP
- Shortbow 60 GP
- Longbow 100 GP
- Bolts/Arrows 1 GP per 10 pieces.
- Spiked Chain 25 GP
>>
No. 639733 ID: dd6fe5
File 143137597229.jpg - (49.89KB , 555x600 , 04of4.jpg )
639733

You tell Deadeye that you'll think on what you need and eventually come back.

>Fishbubble the Majestic- Our framelock might be interested in this place
>But yeah that Fishbubble guy sounds like a character. See if they live up to their name?
>You know... I don't think there's anything we'd want aside from maybe another enchanted item. Or more consumable magic items like those haste tablets. So I vote magic shop.

You finally get to the magic shop.

The place is really small, only a rectangular room with shelves filled of weird stuffs.

When you enter a small skull on top of the door shrieks and the owner appears from behind a curtain.

Fishbubble: "Before you can ask, no. This isn't an illusion. Yes. This is my actual head. Yes, it was a curse. No, i don't know how to break it and yes, i tried multiple times. It's not so bad after you get used to it, honestly. How can i help you?" the fish babbles in his tank.

You ask him if he'd be interested in magical beast remains.

Fishbubble: "Well, it depends on what it is, but yes, i guess i might. What do you have"

You show him the bag of evil RedCap hats.

Fishbubble: "By the shining teeth of the Laughing Bastard. Are those real?"

You tell him that they are real.

Fishbubble: "Oooooh. That's a lot of raw magic power you have there. RedCaps are murderous and aggressive creatures. You should consider yourself lucky you are still alive. THIS IS A LOT OF HATS! A LOT!"

He grabs a purse from his belt and rummages through it. He takes out a small black book and starts reading.

Fishbubble: "Let's see, let's see. RedCap hats are worth 60 pieces of gold each. You have eight, so that will make 480 pieces of gold. Mmmmmh yeah i can take those out of your hands if you want."

You agree and exchange the money. You grab your part of the money and put away the rest that will be split between the others. You make a quick count of what you have in your pocket.

243 pieces of gold. You decide to sell the jade too, adding a total of 25 gold to the amount (leaving the remaining 75 for the others). You currently have 268 pieces of gold.

You ask the wizard to show you his wares.

Wares:

- Enchantments: Weapon 200 GP (Water: Weapon will never rust, Earth: Weapon hardness increased, Fire: Weapon can light up, Air: Weapon is lighter)
- Enchantments: Gear 200 GP (will increase the durability of the gear)
- Hovering torch 150 GP (elemental in a sphere)
- Trollgut elixir 60 GP (Makes you immune to poison and allows you to consume hard food)
- Rage elixir 50 GP (Empowers your strength but your aggressive attidute skyrockets)
- Sleep potions 60 GP (allows to sleep without problems)
- Medallion of safety 300 GP(will absorb a spell casted against you. Can be recasted later by breaking the medallion)
- Magical chest 250 GP (larger inside, can contain up to 100 KG of items. Items inside are protected and stored into a magical dimension)
- Bat earrings 200 GP (When activated will grant you extremely powerful hearing, at the cost of making your sight worse)
- Unmovable nails 100 GP (when hit and activated, nothing will be able to remove them from their positions. A bag contains 12 nails)
- Magic tablets 75 GP (magic runes inscribed on small clay tablets. They contain a single spell that can be casted by breaking the tablet. Spells available are: Haste (Air: will make you faster for a brief period), Thunder (Lighting: will cause a loud sound at a target location), Elemental resistance (Multiple: will make you resistant to one aligned element), Geyser (Water: It will create a powerful waterblast where the haste tablet is thrown after being activated), Icegrasp (Ice: a ghostly cold hand attacks a target enemy, reducing his own temperature with each hit), Levitation (Air, will make you levitate and fly, but slowly).
- Magic rings 450 GP ( similar to magic runes but can reuse the same spell once per day)

Considering your current income, you could already start buying something and then go back to the tavern or the alchemy shop. You ponder on what to do.
>>
No. 639735 ID: d3be40

Do you think it's possible to add a frame inside one of those nails? You could help Sizzle purchase the medallion of safety.

For now, find Swabluff's local inn and plan your shopping list and strategy for the next dungeon.
>>
No. 639741 ID: a19cd5

>>639727
>razor whip
that sounds incredibly dangerous yet alarmingly effective. Buy it, learn it, and reap the rewards of your sweet-ass new weapon
>>
No. 639748 ID: 9297f4

>Magical Chest

NEEEEEEEED.
>>
No. 639749 ID: b5b419

>>639733
I dunno, that whole story sounds... fishy.
>>
No. 639762 ID: 79940c

>SteelSilk
That sounds... incredibly useful if he's telling the truth. Also way too good to be true. Especially when he won't even let you touch it.

>>639733
Morbid curiosity: if he was cursed so his head turned into a fish and fishbowl, what happens if the fish gets out? (He swims around as a fish, he stays in the body, just blind and dumb, he controls body and fish simultaneously, it kills him like removing someone's brain should)? Does he have to feed it?

File away to ask your dragon if that's the kind of thing water magic does.

Uh, a bowl is like a frame, right? And it's magic? I wonder if Gianni would be able to tell anything that might help this dude with his curse.

>what buy
Well between the trident and Bonk II, I think we're covered for weapons. And a razor whip seems a bad idea- skill and dexterity aren't exactly our frogman's strengths.

We don't need potions with Sizzle around, that's for sure. She can probably manufacture them for less than we can purchase marked up stuff in shops. (Well, unless the stores have sufficient supply chains and economy of scale, but I kind of doubt it).

The magic chest is potentially long term useful, although right now we don't have much to store in it.

That leaves enchantments and magic items as the best way to spend our money. But I'm not really seeing any I really like in our price range.

I'm somewhat of the mind we're better off saving our money, for now.
>>
No. 639763 ID: bd8b82

that steel silk seems interesting. would certainly be useful.
>>
No. 639784 ID: e607cd

I am a sucker for magic items like those nails. A thousand and one uses if you are clever.
>>
No. 639788 ID: 90b08b

>>639762
>That sounds... incredibly useful if he's telling the truth. Also way too good to be true. Especially when he won't even let you touch it.
Could ask for a demonstration of his wares? Stab it with something.
>>
No. 639804 ID: 5319a0

>>639722
Was that an undead in the background?

Fishbubble can tell us if the Steelsilk is real and in fact the best light armor you can get. Go ahead and replace your armor with it if so.

Don't blow all your money on the chest. I say do the armor upgrade and then... hang on, can you use those unmovable nails in midair? Or on any surface? An immovable object is an INCREDIBLY powerful tool. You can use it to create fortifications, traps, prisons... you could even use it to block some sort of incoming incredibly powerful but slow attack like a rolling boulder. How long does the immobility last?
>>
No. 639811 ID: 82c018

>Unmovable nails
Interesting. They are unremovable with respect to the ground, right? Is there anything that can deactivate/destroy them, or do they just stay there forever once placed? (If we attach one to a spear shaft and activate it on striking an enemy in the right position could we basically pin them to a wall or floor indefinitely?)

>Geyser (Water: It will create a powerful waterblast where the haste tablet is thrown after being activated)
Is that compatible with magic that manipulates water, such as slime magic? (In any case if we do decide we want that we should save up for a ring instead of getting it in tablets.)
>>
No. 639884 ID: 3c17ca

>>639733
Can he look at our bracelet and tell us a bit about it? he might have some knowledge on the slime magic if we show it to him, and what we can do with it.

Ask him if steelsilk is a legitimate thing for armor too, and about the other merchants reputations or knowledge of them, that elf seems untrustworthy.

We have good armor, a trident, and bonk jr, as well as a dagger? We could use a crossbow, from a pragmatic perspective, combining the nails with bolts would make for an effective tack driver, but its not like it would stop something big, as it would just rip itself off the nail.

We might want to share this information with our party and see if any of that interests them. They need gear too. maybe?

As a final thought, we should hunt that troll down for a quick bounty, and then sizzle can make us all troll based potions instead of buying them.
>>
No. 640264 ID: 91ee5f

Whenever you get back to the inn, the first thing you should do is find a reflective surface of some kind and smile at yourself, that way you can see what all the fuss is about. If you still can't figure it out, ask S'shi'mh if any of the previous Trident Wielders had a problem with smiling or if it's just you specifically.
>>
No. 640478 ID: 2dde62

>>639784
Imagine putting them on the end of a arrow or bolt
>>
No. 640661 ID: 3bbd74
File 143172281288.jpg - (70.16KB , 880x500 , 01of8.jpg )
640661

>Was that an undead in the background?
(Author's Note: It's Necro from NecroQuest. I decided to draw bg characters from other quests from time to time when i can't come up with random bg characters myself. Try to find all of them!)

>I dunno, that whole story sounds... fishy.

>Morbid curiosity: if he was cursed so his head turned into a fish and fishbowl, what happens if the fish gets out? (He swims around as a fish, he stays in the body, just blind and dumb, he controls body and fish simultaneously, it kills him like removing someone's brain should)? Does he have to feed it?

You feel that the mage might not like being asked those kind of questions, considering how he introduced himself. He must get a lot of those and he's probably fed up with them. Better let it down. You have seen weirder things.

>Do you think it's possible to add a frame inside one of those nails?

>You could help Sizzle purchase the medallion of safety.

>I am a sucker for magic items like those nails. A thousand and one uses if you are clever.

>hang on, can you use those unmovable nails in midair? Or on any surface? An immovable object is an INCREDIBLY powerful tool. You can use it to create fortifications, traps, prisons... you could even use it to block some sort of incoming incredibly powerful but slow attack like a rolling boulder. How long does the immobility last?

>>Unmovable nails, Interesting. They are unremovable with respect to the ground, right? Is there anything that can deactivate/destroy them, or do they just stay there forever once placed? (If we attach one to a spear shaft and activate it on striking an enemy in the right position could we basically pin them to a wall or floor indefinitely?)

>Imagine putting them on the end of a arrow or bolt

You ask Fishbubble to tell you more about the unmovable nails.

Fishbubble: "Oh of course!" He grabs a hammer from a shelf and a black bag. He then proceeds to take out of the bag a rather big nail, with a squareish frame near the end of it.

He puts the nail on the counter and hammers it while shouting a peculiar word.

The nail easily penetrates the counter, but it doesn't look like it did anything else. You are rather uninpressed, honestly.

Fishbubble: "Ok, try to remove it. "

You grab the nail and try to pull it out or even shake it a bit. It doesn't budge at all. You tell him that it doesn't look too different from other nails you have seen. It's big and sturdy.

The mage smiles and then grabs another nail, taps it and let it drops. While still in midair he shouts the word again and the nail stops. He tells you again to try moving it.

And you can't. The nail is stuck in mid air and even if you grab, push, pull or twist, the nail doesn't move. You tell him that is in effect impressive.

Fishbubble: "Unmovable nails are usually used in mines and in climbing expeditions. They are sturdy enough, but not undestractable! They can whitstand a great amount of force in a single impact. It will destroy the nail, but it will also dissolve the force that dealt it. So imagine a big boulder falling on you. You throw the nail and it will stop the boulder force. That saved a lot of lives. A big rock falling from a lower distance isn't as deadly as a rock that drops from way higher!"

You ask them if they will remain stuck in their positions indefinitively.

Fishbubble: "Ah, no." He grabs the nail from the counter and whisper another word. He then pulls out the nail easily. "They have two activations. You hit them on their heads and shouts the first word of power and they will activate as soon as you shout it. The second word makes them turn back into normal nails."

You ask him if they can be used as weapons or alongside weapons.

Fishbubble: "No idea honestly. They are usually used for climbing and mining, as i told you. You'd have to ask a weaponsmith for that. There is a good one in town if you need it, his name is Deadeye"
>>
No. 640665 ID: 3bbd74
File 143172369461.jpg - (212.99KB , 1051x1253 , 02of8.jpg )
640665

>Can he look at our bracelet and tell us a bit about it? he might have some knowledge on the slime magic if we show it to him, and what we can do with it.

You give him one of your slime bracelets and ask him what he can tell you about it.

Fishbubble grabs it and studies it for a bit.

Fishbubble: "not much. It's a bracelet made of a weird metal that i have never seen with a water aligned magic stone in it. I have never seen anything like this. Sorry"

>Magical Chest NEEEEEEEED.

>The magic chest is potentially long term useful, although right now we don't have much to store in it.

>You could help Sizzle purchase the medallion of safety.

You take a mental note to see if the magic chest might be useful, it seems all the magic shops sell them. And to ask Sizzle to come with you next time to get things she might need.

>Geyser (Water: It will create a powerful waterblast where the haste tablet is thrown after being activated)Is that compatible with magic that manipulates water, such as slime magic? (In any case if we do decide we want that we should save up for a ring instead of getting it in tablets.)

You ask how the tablets work and if a mage can morph the spell contained in it.

Fishbubble: "No. The tablets contain a single spell that has been trapped inside by the runes written on it. As soon as you break the tablet you release the spell from stasis and it immediately shoots itself. You don't really have interactions with those."

>SteelSilk - That sounds... incredibly useful if he's telling the truth. Also way too good to be true. Especially when he won't even let you touch it.

>that steel silk seems interesting. would certainly be useful.

>Fishbubble can tell us if the Steelsilk is real and in fact the best light armor you can get. Go ahead and replace your armor with it if so.

>Ask him if steelsilk is a legitimate thing for armor too, and about the other merchants reputations or knowledge of them, that elf seems untrustworthy.

You ask Fishbubble what he knows about Steelsilk and Narciso.

Fishbubble: "Steelsilk is a really interesting material! It's as strong as steel and light as a feather. Narciso might not be the most nice person in the world, but he knows what he's doing. His hands are magical, believe me. He's the only one that knows how to make anything with it! I had a couple of adventurers coming here to enchant their steelsilk gears and i had time to test it. It's strong enough to block a bolt shot at it from 3 meters."

Good to know.
>>
No. 640666 ID: 3bbd74
File 143172400191.jpg - (69.29KB , 630x600 , 03of8.jpg )
640666

>For now, find Swabluff's local inn and plan your shopping list and strategy for the next dungeon.

>Whenever you get back to the inn, the first thing you should do is find a reflective surface of some kind and smile at yourself, that way you can see what all the fuss is about. If you still can't figure it out, ask S'shi'mh if any of the previous Trident Wielders had a problem with smiling or if it's just you specifically.

You tell Fishbubble that you'll come back tomorrow and he waves you goodbye.

You reach Swabluff's inn, 'Sita Mirinda's marvelous pieplace', and are immediately greeted by the owner, a short Houndling female, with three long braids and purple eyes.

Sita: "Welcome to my marvelous Pieplace, Sir Vattelapeska. Your companions are waiting for you in the common hall. Anything i can help you with?"

You ask her if she can give you a mirror

Sita: "A... mirror?"

You tell her that you need to check a thing

She hands you a mirror
>>
No. 640667 ID: 3bbd74
File 143172409451.jpg - (65.72KB , 699x600 , 04of8.jpg )
640667

Ok, let's see what's so terrible about this...

You grab the mirror and hold it in front of you.
>>
No. 640668 ID: 3bbd74
File 143172413176.jpg - (66.87KB , 773x600 , 05of8.jpg )
640668

You smile.

the mirror explodes in a shower of shards.
>>
No. 640669 ID: 3bbd74
File 143172416087.jpg - (56.59KB , 657x600 , 06of8.jpg )
640669

Mmmmmh...

Ok...
>>
No. 640670 ID: 3bbd74
File 143172434793.jpg - (77.81KB , 650x630 , 07of8.jpg )
640670

>> YOU ARE NOW SIZZLE BLUEFEATHER MCBLUFF

It took you a bit, but you finally reached the alchemy shop.

"Fez and Jigglesaw: Alchemy for cheap" The bronze plaque says. And a smaller plaque is glued under it, saying "Real Cheap!"

The smells of alchemicals and alcohol is strong.

Feels like home! or at least like your days at the alchemical college.
>>
No. 640671 ID: 3bbd74
File 143172467601.jpg - (83.85KB , 800x580 , 08of8.jpg )
640671

You open the door to the shop and look inside.

The shop is desert, aside for a small, tired-looking, houndling sitting behind the counter, sipping a flask of what looks like whisky.

He notices you and sighs. He sighs, takes a break and starts to recite what sounds like a scripted introduction with a really tired voice.

Fez: "Greetings, I am Fez and welcome to 'Fez and Jigglesaw Alchemy for cheap'. We do alchemy for a way too reasonable price, and we are both patented and capable alchemist. We have a range of potions that rivals the biggest shops in the capital. We have whatever you need, and if we don't we can make it in no problem in our laboratory in a short time. How may i help you this day, dear client?"
>>
No. 640704 ID: 79940c

>unmovable nails
Okay, I think we absolutely have to buy those. 12 immovable objects is a steal at 100 GP.

>You ask him if they can be used as weapons or alongside weapons.
Hell yes. I can think of a ton of ways to kill or injure people with those.

>You have seen weirder things.
Really? Like what?

>>640668
Maybe you should try a lake next time. Harder to break.

>How may i help you this day, dear client?
I assume we're looking for supplies and reagents?
>>
No. 640707 ID: d3be40

Start up by asking for ingredients to different potions. While the shop owner is describing them, use your research on alchemy to strike up a debate on different methods of creating similar potions, using the fundamental theorems of chemistry and alchemy. After you have sufficiently impressed the store owner, explain that you got your Ph.D in alchemy and want to purchase ingredients that are more suited to "applied alchemy", or dungeon research. Also explain that if they offer you rare ingredients, you will share your results with them, and possibly assist in experimenting by using the loot from your dungeon runs.
>>
No. 640708 ID: a19cd5

>>640671
"you ok?"
then ask about ingredients
>>
No. 640728 ID: 6e1eb1

>>640671
Where's Jigglesaw?
>>
No. 640953 ID: 91ee5f

>>640668
Well.....that happened. Next chance we get, let's ask S'shi'mh if all of our kind have that problem or if it's just us specifically.
>>
No. 640960 ID: b6178d

>Maybe you should try a lake next time. Harder to break.

Dear gods, let's not break a lake.
>>
No. 641036 ID: 3c17ca

>>640671
Where is the other guy?
You guys seem like you are...not doing ok. not enough customers?
need help/ got a side job?
Any specialty?
What do you have?
>>
No. 641710 ID: 7dd838
File 143214973825.jpg - (89.36KB , 800x570 , 01of2.jpg )
641710

>I assume we're looking for supplies and reagents?

That, and you figured out you could use someone's laboratory to check on the vial of unicorn blood. Hopefully they have one.

>"you ok?"
>You guys seem like you are...not doing ok. not enough customers?

You ask Fez if he's feeling ok and if there is something wrong or that bothers him.

Fez answers with a really tired voice: "No, dear client. Nothing that should bother your mind. Just a bunch of rough days lately."

>Where is the other guy?
>Where's Jigglesaw?

You ask him where the other owner is.

Fez: "She's currently in our laboratory. Cooking up a batch of potions. Or working on her weird stuffs. She does that from time to time. I just let her do her thing."

He sips from his bottle.
>>
No. 641713 ID: 7dd838
File 143215030617.jpg - (68.29KB , 730x600 , 02of2.jpg )
641713

>Any specialty?
>What do you have?
>then ask about ingredients
>Start up by asking for ingredients to different potions. While the shop owner is describing them, use your research on alchemy to strike up a debate on different methods of creating similar potions, using the fundamental theorems of chemistry and alchemy. After you have sufficiently impressed the store owner, explain that you got your Ph.D in alchemy and want to purchase ingredients that are more suited to "applied alchemy", or dungeon research. Also explain that if they offer you rare ingredients, you will share your results with them, and possibly assist in experimenting by using the loot from your dungeon runs.

You start asking if the shops sells raw ingredients and reagents.

Fez: "Of course we do. What do you need?"

You list a couple of quick ingredient that you running short, mostly leaves of Whisperweed, Stonewood shards and Volcanic salt.

Fez: "Stonewood shards? Why those?"

You tell him that you need those to make hardening potions, that you prefer to use the stonewood instead of the usual Darkstone dust because it makes the potion easier to drink and it was shown that leaves more mobility to whoever drinks it.

He stares coldly at you for a couple of seconds and finally manage to see your alchemist shellbadge.

Fez: "Oh, you are an alchemist too..."

>need help/ got a side job?

You smile and tell him that you graduated not long ago with excellent grades with a thesis about empowered regeneration potions. You ask him if the shop or him might need any help from you.

He angrily chugs the remaining of his bottle and grumbles to himself.

Fez: "Great, another alchemist in town. The fucking masked freak wasn't enough..."
>>
No. 641714 ID: e114bc

>>641713
So I guess that's a no. Well, how much to use their lab? Also who's the masked guy he's talking about?
>>
No. 641749 ID: 78a595

>That, and you figured out you could use someone's laboratory to check on the vial of unicorn blood.
Well here's hoping whoever can be trusted with your rare and valuable ingredient in their lab.

>Great, another alchemist in town. The fucking masked freak wasn't enough...
Um, I'm just passing through, if you're worried about competition or anything.

...or, uh, why do you work in an alchemist's shop if alchemists bother you?
>>
No. 641824 ID: 91ee5f

Oh, now I get it! Judging from how tightly he's holding onto that bottle, I'd say he became an alchemist just so he could make his own booze without having to go a bar. That or he partnered up with someone who can do that and doesn't mind if he watches the store while drunk.
>>
No. 641826 ID: b8891a

>>641713
Assure him that you are just a traveller. You won’t be competition.

Could he tell you more about that masked dude?
>>
No. 642690 ID: e02cc5
File 143249565648.jpg - (84.12KB , 600x850 , 01of4.jpg )
642690

>...or, uh, why do you work in an alchemist's shop if alchemists bother you?

You ask him why is he working in an alchemist shop if he doesn't like dealing with other alchemists.

Fez: "it's not other alchemists. It's that guy in particular"

>Also who's the masked guy he's talking about?

>Could he tell you more about that masked dude?

You question him more about this masked alchemist.

Fez: "He's a weird hunched guy. Covered in bandages and a long tunic. Judgin by how he smells of lotions i'm sure he burned himself badly, his own . He wears a weird mask with four stitched eyes that move on their own."
>>
No. 642691 ID: e02cc5
File 143249579713.jpg - (65.18KB , 800x555 , 02of4.jpg )
642691

Fez: "He appeared a couple of weeks ago, apparently he was sent from the capital under the Unquenchable Flame protection. He settled himself in one of their empty buildings. As far as i know he came here to do more researches about the special minerals that are mined in the mountains."
>>
No. 642693 ID: e02cc5
File 143249595377.jpg - (72.87KB , 800x515 , 03of4.jpg )
642693

Fez: "And that wouldn't be a big problem. If it wasn't for the fact that he started mass producing base alchemical stuffs and he and the church are giving those FOR FREE to anyone! They said that they are made by the scratches of his studies but that they still work finely."

He stops and grabs another bottle, pops it open and chugs.

Fez: "And it's damn right true! I grabbed a sample and they are perfectly fine."
>>
No. 642696 ID: e02cc5
File 143249637389.jpg - (72.67KB , 800x555 , 04of4.jpg )
642696

Fez: "But due to him, me and Jigglesaw are losing clients over clients, since we can't deal with the fact that he's giving away free stuffs. We stil manage to get specific orders from time to time, but he is seriously hurting our business here..."

>Assure him that you are just a traveller. You won’t be competition.

>Um, I'm just passing through, if you're worried about competition or anything.

You reassure the owner that you have no intention of setting shop in town, and that you are an adventuring alchemist. Part of a bigger group and that you are just passing through.

Fez: "Oh! Good to know. I might have reacted poorly, sorry. As i said, rough days lately..."

>Well here's hoping whoever can be trusted with your rare and valuable ingredient in their lab.

>So I guess that's a no. Well, how much to use their lab?

You ask him if you can have access to their laboratory.

Fez: "Mh, sure. We aren't using it that much lately. We can rent it out to you for a couple gold pieces per hour. Only thing is that you'll have to accept that one of us is going to be in there with you. I hope you understand, it's just procedure. We don't take shoplifting well here" he says pointing to the sign on his left saying

'Shoplifters will be used as test subjects for plague bombs'
>>
No. 642699 ID: 78a595

>>642691
So that's the guy the delivery and black unicorn blood was intended for.

You picked a good place, I guess. These guys certainly won't tell him anything, they hate him.

>Shoplifters will be used as test subjects for plague bombs
You know, that makes a good deterrent threat and all, but is the town really okay with plagues being tested within it's borders? That's the kind of thing you'd expect there to be ordinances against.

>rent, with supervision
Seems reasonable.
>>
No. 642700 ID: e114bc

>>642696
Um. Considering how valuable the reagent you're working with is, the financial troubles they're going through, and how possibly-illegal the collection of it is... Ask how much it would cost to get privacy. Can't they like, lock up their stuff, or something? Search you before and after you go in there? The blood just looks like blood, so...
>>
No. 642731 ID: d4a2dc

>>642700
That would seem more suspicious than just testing the blood unless the blood's properties make it immediately obvious what it is.
>>
No. 642776 ID: d3be40

Don't take any of this free stuff. It's possible that the reagents are okay and the church is just doing a PR stunt, but if there's an undetectable substance in the stuff, you might seal your fate long before your first dungeon run.

Ask if you can purchase some basic-medium lab equipment, for the road. You'll be expected to craft potions if you are trapped in a dungeon.
>>
No. 642933 ID: 3c17ca

>>642696
Can we make an agreement with some bluffing skills, or buy the minimum equipment to do the work we need to do?

>I am here on business i cannot discuss, representing a guild that cannot be named, your equipment is needed for the sake of the KNOWN WOOOORLD! *giant sweeping gesture flowing itno a wiggling of the fingers on both hands above head dramatically* Bluff style...swabluff style.
>>
No. 642953 ID: bd8b82

what would he do? run to his rival and tell them we have their stuff? it's a little bit of blood, without a lot it is rather useless for making mass quantities of stuff for selling.
>>
No. 643126 ID: 4626c7
File 143258454524.jpg - (66.99KB , 614x600 , 01of4.jpg )
643126

>So that's the guy the delivery and black unicorn blood was intended for.

Yeah, he must be him.

>You picked a good place, I guess. These guys certainly won't tell him anything, they hate him.

>Hm. Considering how valuable the reagent you're working with is, the financial troubles they're going through, and how possibly-illegal the collection of it is... Ask how much it would cost to get privacy. Can't they like, lock up their stuff, or something? Search you before and after you go in there? The blood just looks like blood, so...

>I am here on business i cannot discuss, representing a guild that cannot be named, your equipment is needed for the sake of the KNOWN WOOOORLD! *giant sweeping gesture flowing itno a wiggling of the fingers on both hands above head dramatically* Bluff style...swabluff style.

>what would he do? run to his rival and tell them we have their stuff? it's a little bit of blood, without a lot it is rather useless for making mass quantities of stuff for selling.

You are sure enough that they would probably not be able to identify the blood on sight, since you have never seen it yourself till yesterday. It's a really rare ingredient.
Still, you decide to try to have a little more privacy.

You wave your hands over your head and start explaining damatically that you'd need to be alone and that you are on an adventure that might save the world or something and that they should not even remember your presence for their own good and protection.
>>
No. 643127 ID: 4626c7
File 143258456343.jpg - (61.57KB , 614x600 , 02of4.jpg )
643127

...
>>
No. 643128 ID: 4626c7
File 143258470634.jpg - (45.19KB , 620x600 , 03of4.jpg )
643128

You apologize for that and ask how much exactly would it be to use the laboratory and if you can use it immediately.

Fez: "It's 4 pieces of gold for every half hour. Jigglesaw, my partner, will supervise you while i stay here in the shop."

He shows you a small door behind the counter and he signals you to follow him.
>>
No. 643130 ID: 4626c7
File 143258514347.jpg - (143.89KB , 1220x600 , 04of4.jpg )
643130

>Ask if you can purchase some basic-medium lab equipment, for the road. You'll be expected to craft potions if you are trapped in a dungeon.

While going down the stairs, you ask him if they sell portable laboratories. Those will be useful in the dungeons.

Fez: "Sure. Those cost around 170 gold pieces each"

Crap. You only have 160 pieces on you. You'll have to see how much is your share of the treasure and how many coins you'll spend in this laboratory.

>You know, that makes a good deterrent threat and all, but is the town really okay with plagues being tested within it's borders? That's the kind of thing you'd expect there to be ordinances against

You ask Fez if the town is really ok with the shop testing dangerous weapons like plague bombs. And why hasn't the guards been involved or called.

Fez: "Would you really say anything to someone that has plague bombs?"

You agree that is a good point.

Fez arrives at the bottom of the stairs and opens another door, leading to a small room, filled with alchemical equipments. Alembics, burners, vials and much more. at first look it seems well furnished.

A human woman wearing oversized oven mittens and a surgical mask is moving small boxes behind the table, while a small earth elemental is moving vials around.

Jigglesaw: "W-what's going on Fez"
>>
No. 643137 ID: 78a595

>Jigglesaw: "W-what's going on Fez"
If he doesn't say anything (or after he does) explain that you're a traveler, and you asked to rent some time in her lab.

Sorry, is this a bad time?
>>
No. 643172 ID: cf91e4

...Is there any way to check if the labels on those barrels to be easily switched? That seems like a really stupid way of storing things. Kudos to them for labeling though.

You should know proper lab procedure for this type of situation, right? (don't go near active chemicals, don't touch anything that looks wet, and never be the least dressed person in the room)

Are those oranges?
>>
No. 643498 ID: 6d7fcb
File 143275573291.jpg - (61.68KB , 680x600 , 01of3.jpg )
643498

>...Is there any way to check if the labels on those barrels to be easily switched? That seems like a really stupid way of storing things. Kudos to them for labeling though.

They look like metal plates bolted on the barrels, it would be impossible to switch them, unless you change the content of the barrel.

>If he doesn't say anything (or after he does) explain that you're a traveler, and you asked to rent some time in her lab.

>Sorry, is this a bad time?

You begin to ask if the time was bad when you are cut short by Fez.

Fez: "We have a client. She wants to use the lab. I need you to supervise her."

Jigglesaw: "WHAT"

Fez: "We have a client. She wants to use the lab. I need you to supervise her."

Jigglesaw: "I heard you the first time. I can't supervise her! And she can't use the lab. I'm using it!"

Fez: "You'll use it later. She's payign to use the thing and we need the money."

Jigglesaw: "FINE! But she'd better not mess up my things. or... or... or i'll say really mean things aloud!"
>>
No. 643499 ID: 6d7fcb
File 143275586683.jpg - (47.55KB , 430x600 , 02of3.jpg )
643499

Fez leaves the two of you alone in the laboratory, closing the door behind him

>You should know proper lab procedure for this type of situation, right? (don't go near active chemicals, don't touch anything that looks wet, and never be the least dressed person in the room)

You are a certified alchemist, you are more than prepared for procedures in laboratories.
You start gearing up. Mask, googles, hardened gloves with reinforced tips, filters.
>>
No. 643502 ID: 6d7fcb
File 143275685359.jpg - (99.71KB , 800x560 , 03of3.jpg )
643502

The laboratory is well equipped, even if most of the tools aren't in the order you are used to know. The one shown in college.

Jigglesaw: "I have my personal way of putting things in order."

>Are those oranges?

You ask her why is she using oranges

Jigglesaw: "I like to have a snack from time to time, alright? And oranges are good for your health. Hrump"

You decide to start working and stop lollygagging.

You set up a special set of alchemical juices, vials, bunsens and tubes. Jigglesaw helps you out with setting things up, grumbling under her breath that she'd have to put all the things back in their place when you are done and she hates doing it. You mostly ignore that and instead listen to whenever she gives you useful tips.

The machine is set. The blood should be purified and collected in a smaller vial. The only problem is that it's going to take a couple hours to finish.

Jigglesaw: "So..."

She taps her oven mittens on the table.

Jigglesaw: "Why are you purifying this blood exactly?"
>>
No. 643503 ID: c2fb88

The sample vial was damaged so am trying to recover it.
>>
No. 643506 ID: 696535

>>643502
Oh f--
Lie or be honest? Lie or be honest?
...half-truth it is.
"I'm purifiying it to get a usable test sample. Nothing special."
>>
No. 643508 ID: e114bc

>>643500
Tell her you'd rather not say.

Ask about her work, keep her distracted so she stops asking questions about the blood.
>>
No. 643509 ID: 4189b9

>>643503
This. Don't lie, but avoid being specific.
>>
No. 643511 ID: 78a595

>Why are you purifying this blood exactly?
The original vail was broken and sample was contaminated, and I'm seeing if I can salvage it.

If she asks how it was broken, you travel with adventures and the wildlife around here isn't all friendly.

Possibly as a redirect, or a distraction, you could ask her what she was working on.
>>
No. 643513 ID: 3c17ca

>>643502
>"its for a project, but the truth is I don't know much about it other than this blood needed to be refined. To be honest I am not getting paid enough to really be too concerned what its all for. I would much rather be working on some really experimental potions..."

None of this is a lie, in fact it is all true. You are getting paid nothing and do not know that it is for. You do know it needs to be pure, and refined is a form of pure. With our moral integrity intact, perhaps we can strike up a conversation about potions, trade some notes, learn something, have some girl talk.

>"So how did you two end up here? Where did you learn alchemy at? got a favorite potion or poison?"

if she really needs to be distracted

>"Sooo...are you two married?"
>>
No. 643680 ID: d3be40

Tell her that this sample is the cornerstone of your newest thesis. Also, you would REALLY like a clone made from the blood sample.
>>
No. 643873 ID: b9f3ca

>>643502
Make sure there is nothing in arm's reach if you do tell her anything in case she flails around excitedly.
>>
No. 643933 ID: 72dc6a
File 143293162995.jpg - (77.65KB , 690x600 , 01of3.jpg )
643933

>Make sure there is nothing in arm's reach if you do tell her anything in case she flails around excitedly.

You step away from the table, just as a precaution in case any of you make weird movements and causes the cleanse to fail.

>Tell her you'd rather not say.

You tell her that you'd prefer to keep it a secret

Jigglesaw: "And i'd prefer not to have you gargle acid. I don't like not knowing what's going on"

>The sample vial was damaged so am trying to recover it.

>"I'm purifiying it to get a usable test sample. Nothing special."

>Tell her that this sample is the cornerstone of your newest thesis

>"its for a project, but the truth is I don't know much about it other than this blood needed to be refined. To be honest I am not getting paid enough to really be too concerned what its all for. I would much rather be working on some really experimental potions...

>Why are you purifying this blood exactly?
The original vail was broken and sample was contaminated, and I'm seeing if I can salvage it. If she asks how it was broken, you travel with adventures and the wildlife around here isn't all friendly.

You tell her that it's not for yourself, and that you are doing this for your group. All you were requested to do was to cleanse the broken vial and the blood in it and that you really aren't paid much to care more.

Jigglesaw: "Yeah, see? Wasn't that hard to explain. I get you. I live and work without getting paid enough, or getting recognized for my genius. I went to Alchemical college and no one consider me as a real alchemist. It's stupid."
>>
No. 643938 ID: 72dc6a
File 143293229395.jpg - (65.00KB , 670x600 , 02of3.jpg )
643938

>Ask about her work, keep her distracted so she stops asking questions about the blood.

>Possibly as a redirect, or a distraction, you could ask her what she was working on.

>"So how did you two end up here? Where did you learn alchemy at? got a favorite potion or poison?"

>"Sooo...are you two married?"

You catch the occasion to shift in conversation in another direction. You ask her what's her speciality.

Jigglesaw: "Nowadays it's whatever my client needed, but back in the days i was a specialist in... uh... probably should not mention that... OH! i'm amazing at creating smokebombs and smokable tools. Tobacco has been my best friend till i lost the ability to feel it. " She sighs

You start asking about her formulas and she excitedly shows you how she prepares one. You have to admit that even if unorthodox is incredibly effective and interesting. You make mental notes on how to create what she shows you later. That might come handy.

You ask about her about Fez, if they are married or what else.

She stops and glares at you for a second before starting to shake incontrolably while making puking noises and raising her hands

Jigglesaw: "OH FOR THE LAUGH OF THE BASTARD GOD! NO! EWW! NO! YUK! URGH! WE KNOW EACH OTHER SINCE WE WERE PUT IN THE SAME UNIT IN THE ARMY, BUT REALLY URGH!"

She shakes her hands angrily

Jigglesaw: "We have been... not friends exactly, what's the name... acquaintances? yes that, after an incident. We are both what you can say 'Walking warcrimes'.We left the army and ran away here in this kingdom to start a new life. Fez even married the owner of the tavern. I still have no idea how he managed to get her to accept, she's a cutie patootie and he's a grumpy drunk"
>>
No. 643940 ID: 72dc6a
File 143293240449.jpg - (97.01KB , 750x600 , 03of3.jpg )
643940

Jigglesaw finally stops shaking, even if she keeps making weird puking noises behind her mask

Jigglesaw: "Oh man, i need a drink... URGH married to Fez, that'd be even worse than having to listen to that dumb noble again. Stupid elves."

She grabs a mug from one of the cupboards and starts pouring from one of the barrels.

Jigglesaw: "Can i offer you something?"
>>
No. 643941 ID: e114bc

>>643940
Tell her you don't really want the "More poison" she's filling her glass with, no.
>>
No. 643942 ID: cb299e

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
No. 643946 ID: 8e0b6a

>>643940
Ask if the barrels are humorously mislabeled to prevent sampling, cause you don't really fancy a dose of 'more poison'.
>>
No. 643949 ID: e607cd

to be fair, booze: also poison
>>
No. 644032 ID: 696535

>>643940
If it doesn't kill me, yes.
>>
No. 644091 ID: 91ee5f

Well, you know the saying: "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." And if it literally does make you stronger, then keep doing it until you're completely immune to all poisons! But, just to be safe, make sure she's aware of which barrel she's getting that drink from so that she doesn't "gargle acid" herself.
>>
No. 644127 ID: ecd0ab

Is the labeling a joke? Because if so, fair enough, but otherwise, yeah, she's pouring a mug of poison.
>>
No. 644152 ID: 3c17ca

>>643940
>Hey, that one is listed as more poison, not booze!
also..
>Is jigglesaw a born name, or something you earned?
we are altruists, maybe..
>If work sucks maybe you should go work for Swabluff of Swabluff trade and adventuer. I happen to know him.
>>
No. 644941 ID: 29dce2
File 143332609243.jpg - (66.82KB , 640x600 , 01of4.jpg )
644941

>Tell her you don't really want the "More poison" she's filling her glass with, no.

>Ask if the barrels are humorously mislabeled to prevent sampling, cause you don't really fancy a dose of 'more poison'.

>Is the labeling a joke? Because if so, fair enough, but otherwise, yeah, she's pouring a mug of poison.

You point out that she grabbed a drink from the "more poison" barrel. And then you ask if the barrels are mislabeled and if that is on purpose.

Jigglesaw: "They are. I was upset at Fez drinking away half of our reserve in less than a month. So i started switching the content of the barrels to avoid him getting too drunk on our stuff. I switched the booze in the 'more poison' barrel"

She pulls down her mask and chugs half the content of the mug in a single movement.
>>
No. 644943 ID: 29dce2
File 143332622579.jpg - (62.07KB , 650x600 , 02of4.jpg )
644943

Jigglesaw: "Or was it the 'poison' barrel?"

>If it doesn't kill me, yes.

>to be fair, booze: also poison

>Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

>Well, you know the saying: "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." And if it literally does make you stronger, then keep doing it until you're completely immune to all poisons! But, just to be safe, make sure she's aware of which barrel she's getting that drink from so that she doesn't "gargle acid" herself.

you tell her that you'll pass on the drink for now.

Jigglesaw: "Your loss. It doesn't really matter to me. Once you have gotten used to, it doesn't even taste that bad."
>>
No. 644946 ID: 29dce2
File 143332657492.jpg - (74.90KB , 800x560 , 03of4.jpg )
644946

>Is jigglesaw a born name, or something you earned?

You ask her if Jigglesaw is her real name

Jigglesaw: "Nah, it's a nickname. I don't really remember my own name to be honest. I've been called Jigglesaw for so long that i forgot what i was supposed to be called myself"

>If work sucks maybe you should go work for Swabluff of Swabluff trade and adventuer. I happen to know him.

You ask her why haven't they tried to be part of the McBluff trade company, since they are both skilled alchemists.

Jigglesaw: "It's not that easy. You need to have contact with someone to even think of seeing the papers to get into that. It would be good for the business at least. We could get more clients. Even from out of town."

You tell her that you might help with that. And she gives you a cold glare in return.

Jigglesaw: "How so?"

You tell her that you know Swabluff in person

Jigglesaw: "Oh really? How so?"

You tell her that you are one of his adopted children. And that you are questing in his name to help out a friend of him.

Jigglesaw: "OH! REALLY! Interesting..."
>>
No. 644948 ID: 29dce2
File 143332670067.jpg - (99.72KB , 755x600 , 04of4.jpg )
644948

She grabs you by the shoulders and pull you closer.

Jigglesaw: "Hey, you look like a nice kid. Let's make a deal, shall we?"

Jigglesaw: "You find a way for our little shop to be part of the McBluff trade. And i'll close both my eyes on your little 'experiments' on black unicorn blood"

You glare at her while she smiles under her mask

Jigglesaw: "Deal?"
>>
No. 644951 ID: bd8b82

ask how she knew.

also say that you found it on a dead knight that was probably bringing it for the other guys. the knight was killed by redcaps. a lot of them.
>>
No. 644952 ID: e114bc

>>644948
Ask how she can tell what kind of blood it is. Is she just guessing because you're being secretive? Couldn't it be troll's blood or dragon blood, or something? Also what's wrong with experimenting on black unicorn blood? It's not like you collected it, so you don't know if it involved killing the unicorn or not.
>>
No. 644955 ID: e114bc

...actually you know what, let's put it this way:
Ask her if she seriously thinks blackmailing Swabluff's adoptive daughter will get her into his good graces. Tell her she has no proof of what's in that vial, and even if it WAS black unicorn blood you could just walk right out, leaving it behind, and nobody would be able to tell if it was yours or theirs. Who would they believe? Someone closely associated with one of the most trustworthy men ever, or one of a pair of drunken, financially challenged alchemists?
>>
No. 644964 ID: 88960e

Arch an eyebrow (or whatever birds do) and don't miss a beat.

I offer to help you out, and you respond with a threat of blackmail? You got a funny way of making friends.

You've already got major competition horning in on you. Gunning for me and annoying a potential major trade partner, with fingers in your supply chain and maybe your only good chance at export doesn't help you any. If this even is black unicorn blood, which I'm not confirming.

Don't give her more information about where we got it. She might be just as willing to sell us out to the flame, or to use this to cut a deal with her competition instead of screwing him over. She just prooved herself untrustworthy.
>>
No. 644971 ID: b8891a

>>644948
Joke’s on her, we are not doing any weird experiments with black unicorn blood. Found a busted vial with the adventuring party. What would be more interesting would be what the people it was supposed to arrive at wanted to do with it.
>>
No. 645071 ID: 3c17ca

>>644955
who are also possibly war criminals. also get ready to get nasty if you need to. this might become a close range alchemical fight, or the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

>Now aside from all that, what do you know about black unicorn blood, and who would want it for what?
>>
No. 645103 ID: 696535

We can still fake it!
Pertend to be shoked at this "new" information and fake being exited over this amazing suprise.
...Then ask if she's still buying it.
>>
No. 645104 ID: e607cd

Be all "Oh man, so it's real!? We found a smashed vial in the dirt and there was a note that said black unicorn but it's so RARE and I've never seen any before and eeeeeeeeeeee!"
>>
No. 645143 ID: e114bc

>>645104
The note saying it's black unicorn blood was in a sealed envelope, we shouldn't actually know.
>>
No. 645158 ID: 2d31cc

>>644948
"threatening me with blackmail, mmmmmm. poor choice. really really poor choice."
>>
No. 646364 ID: a89a9b
File 143353632472.jpg - (72.42KB , 700x600 , 01of3.jpg )
646364

>Ask her if she seriously thinks blackmailing Swabluff's adoptive daughter will get her into his good graces. Tell her she has no proof of what's in that vial, and even if it WAS black unicorn blood you could just walk right out, leaving it behind, and nobody would be able to tell if it was yours or theirs. Who would they believe? Someone closely associated with one of the most trustworthy men ever, or one of a pair of drunken, financially challenged alchemists?

>Arch an eyebrow (or whatever birds do) and don't miss a beat. I offer to help you out, and you respond with a threat of blackmail? You got a funny way of making friends. You've already got major competition horning in on you. Gunning for me and annoying a potential major trade partner, with fingers in your supply chain and maybe your only good chance at export doesn't help you any. If this even is black unicorn blood, which I'm not confirming. Don't give her more information about where we got it. She might be just as willing to sell us out to the flame, or to use this to cut a deal with her competition instead of screwing him over. She just prooved herself untrustworthy

>"threatening me with blackmail, mmmmmm. poor choice. really really poor choice."

You puff up, cross your arms and try to be as threatening as possible. You ask her coldly if she thinks it's a nice idea to try to blackmail you after your generous offer. That you can waltz out of here and tell the guards about her criminal past and they'd believe you, since you have contacts with... with important people! yeah.

She doesn't really seem impressed or concerned at all.
>>
No. 646372 ID: a89a9b
File 143353693934.jpg - (86.30KB , 745x600 , 02of3.jpg )
646372

She pats your head

Jigglesaw: "You are really awful at this, you know?"

You tell her that you are aware.

Jigglesaw: "How long have you been adventuring, dear?"

You answer that it's your first real adventure and it hasn't been even a week since it started.

She pats you again on the head.

Jigglesaw: "That's adorable. But you really need to work on your speach pattern and confidence. First of all. I'm not blackmailing you. I'm accepting your bribe. That's what you kinda did. I saw you nervous about me asking about the experiment and it looked like you jumped the possibility of helping us out with your bonds and relationships. I know how against the laws is to even possess a drop of black unicorn blood. And so do you."

>We can still fake it! Pretend to be shoked at this "new" information and fake being exited over this amazing suprise. ...Then ask if she's still buying it.

You try to tell her that you didn't even know that it was black unicorn blood. That you were experimenting on it to find out what it was.

You then pause and ask her if you should even bother trying continuing.

Jigglesaw: "It's amusing, but i'd prefer to get to the point. So can we drop the farce and get to it?"
>>
No. 646380 ID: a89a9b
File 143353748588.png - (561.27KB , 690x600 , 03of3.png )
646380

>ask how she knew.
>also say that you found it on a dead knight that was probably bringing it for the other guys. the knight was killed by redcaps. a lot of them.

>Ask how she can tell what kind of blood it is. Is she just guessing because you're being secretive? Couldn't it be troll's blood or dragon blood, or something? Also what's wrong with experimenting on black unicorn blood? It's not like you collected it, so you don't know if it involved killing the unicorn or not.

>Joke’s on her, we are not doing any weird experiments with black unicorn blood. Found a busted vial with the adventuring party. What would be more interesting would be what the people it was supposed to arrive at wanted to do with it.

>Now aside from all that, what do you know about black unicorn blood, and who would want it for what?

>Be all "Oh man, so it's real!? We found a smashed vial in the dirt and there was a note that said black unicorn but it's so RARE and I've never seen any before and eeeeeeeeeeee!"

You tell her how your group found the vial, avoiding to even mention the fact that the knight was part of the Unquenchable flame. You ask her how she managed to figure out it was black unicorn blood.

Jigglesaw points to the equipment. "Because you set out a purifying station for collecting blood usable for potions. That is only used on three type of blood. Troll blood, that is black and murky, Ranidae blood, which doesn't need to be refined using the vapors of the Drummilk because it will make it too dense, and Black unicorn blood. So i figured out by exclusion. You look competent enough to not do easy mistakes."

Ok, she's good. You weren't expecting her to know this much, judging from how she dresses and her laboratory placements.

Jigglesaw: "Also, when i meant that i was going to close my eyes on that i meant little Halto there."

She points to the small earth elemental that was helping you.

Jigglesaw: "Fez planted a recorderstone in his face and he's been recording our entire discussion till now. If you agree to help us out, i will pop the stone off him and give it to you, That way there won't be any possible charges that can be held against you."
>>
No. 646385 ID: e114bc

>>646380
...alright then. It's definitely a lot less like blackmail if the proceedings were going to be recorded regardless of what happened. Accept her offer.

Ask her if it's possible to get black unicorn blood without killing the unicorn. Also, how much potency does it lose after being tainted then purified?
>>
No. 646387 ID: bd8b82

okay now state loudly that you got it off a knight.
>>
No. 646388 ID: d3be40

Ranidae blood can be used for potions? You could ask your leader for a few samples, easy.

Tell her you'd like the entire earth golem, just to be safe.
>>
No. 646389 ID: ab7529

...you accept her offer. You'll make sure good old dad knows there's a competent and too smart for her own good alchemist out here in desperate need of a good business connection. They're being squeezed now, but hook them up to a wider trade market and I'm sure they'll be able to work out a way to survive.

The recordstone needs to be disposed off once it's yours. Permanently. Acid, preferably.

...don't assume that was the only stone, though. If they're smart, there's more than one in the room. So no backstabbing.

Lesson learned: never bring anything even remotely secret into someone else's lab, ever again.

Well, since you already know what I'm working on, and we're both breaking the law just being here with this stuff, you want to give me a hand?
>>
No. 646468 ID: 3c17ca

>>646380
just for our own thoughts that is likely NOT the only recording item in this room. This Chick is NOT to be trusted. We do need to learn all we can though.

>Is this blood willingly harvested, or is is fatal?
>What is it used for normally? What CAN it be used for?
>>
No. 646480 ID: 7668ec

>>646389
This

Can you clear the memory of one of those stones, or will we have to destroy it?
>>
No. 646927 ID: ae681b
File 143370395651.jpg - (50.88KB , 620x500 , 01of3.jpg )
646927

>just for our own thoughts that is likely NOT the only recording item in this room. This Chick is NOT to be trusted. We do need to learn all we can though.

>...don't assume that was the only stone, though. If they're smart, there's more than one in the room. So no backstabbing.

You start scanning the room, looking for other devices

Jigglesaw: "That's the only one. We don't usually need much else, because no one really pays attention to Halto anyway. It's incredible what people say when they think no one is listening to them"

>Accept her offer.

>Tell her you'd like the entire earth golem, just to be safe.

>...you accept her offer. You'll make sure good old dad knows there's a competent and too smart for her own good alchemist out here in desperate need of a good business connection. They're being squeezed now, but hook them up to a wider trade market and I'm sure they'll be able to work out a way to survive.

You tell her that you accept her offer, and that even without your help, Swabluff will have ended up learning about them anyway.

Jigglesaw: "Oh, dear. Flatter will get you everywhere hahaha!"

You ask her if you can get the entire elemental.

Jigglesaw: "Well ok, not everywhere. Halto has been with me since i made him. I'm not going to give him away at any time. He's family. Well, more helpful than actual family, but you get the point"

She hands you the recordstone after pulling it out of the tiny elemental, that shuts down instantly.

>The recordstone needs to be disposed off once it's yours. Permanently. Acid, preferably.

>okay now state loudly that you got it off a knight.

>Can you clear the memory of one of those stones, or will we have to destroy it?

You whisper to the stone that you have found the vial on a knight. More to relieve yourself than anything. The stone can be easily destroyed or cleared with a simple bath of salts and vinegar. They are rather useful since they are reusable. For now you pocket it.
>>
No. 646930 ID: ae681b
File 143370467891.jpg - (60.85KB , 620x600 , 02of3.jpg )
646930

>Is this blood willingly harvested, or is is fatal?

>What is it used for normally? What CAN it be used for?

>Ask her if it's possible to get black unicorn blood without killing the unicorn. Also, how much potency does it lose after being tainted then purified?

You don't really have to ask her those questions, since you know most of the answers. The blood can be willingly harvested, but it still takes a toll on the poor unicorn so the practice has been banned anyway. The blood was used centuries ago to produce the most disparate elixirs, from panaceas to reviving potions and even special liquids that can purify any poison, malady or filth.

You do ask her if she knows other uses for the blood.

Jigglesaw: "I can tell you what it can't be used for. Fun things. You can't make bombs or explosives with that, so what's really the point. It's just a dumb super rare component that people loved because 'Oooooh look it cures everything, we can be saved by the plague, when no one really realized how hard it was to create those plagues themselves. What do they think, that plagues grows on trees? Well ok some do. BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT"

>Well, since you already know what I'm working on, and we're both breaking the law just being here with this stuff, you want to give me a hand?

You decide to stop her rambling by asking if she wants to help you out in cleansing and making it pure.

Jigglesaw: "SURE! I don't really had anything important to do.

After 4 hours and half, the sample is finally completely purified. You close the small vial and check it. It's not much, but it surely its pure enough to be used for potions. All in all a great success!
>>
No. 646931 ID: ae681b
File 143370507535.jpg - (76.55KB , 780x600 , 03of3.jpg )
646931

>Ranidae blood can be used for potions? You could ask your leader for a few samples, easy.

Ranidae blood is used for waterbreathing potion and special types of antivenom. You might try to ask Flycatcher for a couple of liters of his blood, but you have the feeling he might not like the idea and that it might be rude to ask him to get his blood.

Anyway, it's getting rather late. You pack up your things, hide the blood vial in a special compartment of your belt and say goodbye to Jigglesaw, then you move upstair to pay for renting the laboratory.

The shop is still desert and there are several bottles at Fez's feet.

Fez: "You done?"

You tell him that you are done and pay him up. You then ask him if he knows how to get to 'Sita Mirinda's marvelous pieplace'.

Fez: "Sure. I'll come along and show you. It has been a really crappy day, no business aside you. So i can actually just close early..."

He yells at Jigglesaw that he's closing the shop and say her goodbye, then he puts a big lock on the door and you both start moving down the road.
>>
No. 646933 ID: ab7529

>>646930
Right. Since the blood can be used in a lot of different curatives, and since you only have a limited amount, you should save it. Better to have the versatility to make the specific black unicorn blood potion you need on the spot that to guess and make one in advance, and hope it will be the one you need.

...make sure you put it in a durable and secure container, because if it breaks again, there won't be much left to recover.

>You might try to ask Flycatcher for a couple of liters of his blood, but you have the feeling he might not like the idea and that it might be rude to ask him to get his blood.
Hey, he's a fighter. I'm sure he'll be bleeding at some point. You can just collect the blood he's done with.
>>
No. 647068 ID: e114bc

>>646931
Ask if alchemical duplication is possible. That's probably what the masked man is working on, and he's practicing on cheap ingredients which is why he's giving them away.

I suspect the unicorn blood was meant to be duplicated...
>>
No. 647116 ID: 91ee5f

>>646927
>You whisper to the stone that you have found the vial on a knight.

YOU IDIOT!!!!! WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT TO AN OBJECT THAT RECORDS EVERYTHING THAT IS SAID AROUND IT?!?! Even if you plan on destroying it, that doesn't mean someone won't listen to it first! What if some random pickpocket steals it from you and listens to it? They could think, "That sounds valuable. I'd better go tell my other thief friends about this." And when he does, some guys from the Unquenchable Flame will randomly hear him say that and think, "So that's what happened to our Black Unicorn Blood! We better find this bird girl and get it back from her!" And now you've got a big target on your head because they will come looking for you!

Basically, what I'm saying is that by telling the stone where you found the blood, YOU FUCKED UP!!!!! Even if there is a small chance for all of that to happen, THERE IS STILL A POSSIBILITY THAT IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!! So, make sure you don't lose that stone until you can destroy it!
>>
No. 647139 ID: 3c17ca

>>647116
the stone can be wiped easily. We could probably do it before we leave. probably smarter. much smarter. then it goes from liability to asset.
>>
No. 648169 ID: 24f8ec
File 143419348368.jpg - (73.69KB , 600x700 , 01of3.jpg )
648169

>...make sure you put it in a durable and secure container, because if it breaks again, there won't be much left to recover.

You have put the blood in a durable vial, inside one of your special pouches in your bag. As long as it's not hit with a blunt object directly and with enough strenght, the sample is going to be safe.

>YOU IDIOT!!!!! WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT TO AN OBJECT THAT RECORDS EVERYTHING THAT IS SAID AROUND IT?!?! Even if you plan on destroying it, that doesn't mean someone won't listen to it first! What if some random pickpocket steals it from you and listens to it? They could think, "That sounds valuable. I'd better go tell my other thief friends about this." And when he does, some guys from the Unquenchable Flame will randomly hear him say that and think, "So that's what happened to our Black Unicorn Blood! We better find this bird girl and get it back from her!" And now you've got a big target on your head because they will come looking for you! Basically, what I'm saying is that by telling the stone where you found the blood, YOU FUCKED UP!!!!! Even if there is a small chance for all of that to happen, THERE IS STILL A POSSIBILITY THAT IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!! So, make sure you don't lose that stone until you can destroy it!

>the stone can be wiped easily. We could probably do it before we leave. probably smarter. much smarter. then it goes from liability to asset.

While Fez is closing the various locks, you prepare the solution needed, and throw the stone in it as soon as you start moving. Fez doesn't seem to have noticed what you did, seemingly absorbed in his own thoughts.

The stone is going to be reusable as soon as you get to the tavern. You hide the solution concotion inside your bag, near the blood sample.

Fez walks you through the streets, now almost deserted, of the city.
>>
No. 648171 ID: 24f8ec
File 143419384357.jpg - (69.53KB , 720x540 , 02of3.jpg )
648171

>Ask if alchemical duplication is possible. That's probably what the masked man is working on, and he's practicing on cheap ingredients which is why he's giving them away. I suspect the unicorn blood was meant to be duplicated...

As far as you remember from your studies, clonation is a forbidden and almost impossible task. You decide to ask what Fez thinks about the possibility that the Flame's alchemist might be cloning materials in order to make more potions.

Fez stops in his tracks for a moment.

Fez: "I... Did not have thought about that... I should ask Jigglesaw to examine the samples we still have in our lab and see if they are. It might take a while, but if it's true... heh... If it's true he's fucked."

He chugs from his flask and turns his glare at you

Fez: "Thanks, kid. You might have helped us today."

You answer him that you are sure you have helped them more than he thinks.

Fez: "What?"

You gargle a "nothing" while awkwardly moving faster.

How the hell papa manages to look cool while doing these things...
>>
No. 648172 ID: 24f8ec
File 143419423746.jpg - (94.64KB , 800x600 , 03of3.jpg )
648172

You finally reach the tavern, a lovely building that smell like fresh bakery.

Fez: "Home, sweet home...."

he opens the door, and you both freeze at the door.

The tavern is relatively empty at the moment. Only Flycatcher, Takabanda and what you imagine should be the owner are here. The place is covered in shattered glass, the young Houndling girl is angrily shouting at your bard companion, while Flycatcher is sitting on a table, removing shards of glass from his face.

Sita: "OF COURSE YOU ARE GOING TO REPAY ME ALL THE DAMAGE. THAT'S A GIVEN!"

Takabanda: "I know! I'll also give a bonus, please don't be mad hahahah! You know that i get too excited sometimes when people request the 'ballad of the banshee'..."

Sita: "ALL MY BOTTLES, ALL MY GLASSES! I KNOW YOU DIDN'T MEAN TO DO THAT, BUT YOU SHOULD CONTROL YOURSELF, YOU KNOW?!!"

Takabanda: "Yeah, yeah. But i am a Gottascream, that's what i do! I promise i'll fix everything up."

At your side, Fez loudly groans and goes back to drink from his flask
>>
No. 648175 ID: dbe554

Ow those shards look like it hurt, right in the face too..

Well it looks like you won't be getting something to drink unless you use your own flasks, anyways stride on in, simply be curious about what happened.
>>
No. 648180 ID: 91ee5f

>>648172
Well, at least Flycatcher learned an important lesson that applies only to him: "Never smile at a mirror that is really close to your face."

We also learned that if Takabanda sings at a certain frequency, he can shatter glass in an entire tavern! XD
>>
No. 648181 ID: bd8b82

ooo, free frog blood.
>>
No. 648182 ID: b6178d

Sizzle: Start keeping your fragile alchemical tools and glasses in a sound-protected case, if you aren't already.

Tell Fez that, by the way, if they find proof of duping, you want to be kept in the loop... the more alchemists who can get in on verifying it to the authorities, the better, right?

Flycatcher: Well, you did want more excitement in your adventuring life...
>>
No. 648183 ID: b6178d

>>648181

Dang. Nice call. Get the swab! THE SWAB! And clean/heal his wound while you're at it.
>>
No. 648184 ID: 7668ec

> All the glass broke
Good thing you did not get here a bit earlier. Maybe we should mention to Takabanda about how important having unbroken glass is to our job.

>clonation is a forbidden and almost impossible task
What does clonation do that makes it more forbidden than plague bombs?
>>
No. 648221 ID: e114bc

>>648172
Help with the medical attention to Flycatcher's face.
>>
No. 648661 ID: d15c1f
File 143439858493.jpg - (70.74KB , 800x510 , 01of3.jpg )
648661

>What does clonation do that makes it more forbidden than plague bombs?

Clonation is still unstable, not a proper science yet. Most cloned material have the side effects of deteriorating quickly or even morph into something completely different. It causes problems with the potions and elixirs created. Making them highly dangerous. Even more than plague bombs, weirdly enough.

>Tell Fez that, by the way, if they find proof of duping, you want to be kept in the loop... the more alchemists who can get in on verifying it to the authorities, the better, right?

You ask Fez if he could keep in contact and tell you about the possibility of cloned materials. He nods and then moves toward Sita and Takabanda.

>Good thing you did not get here a bit earlier. Maybe we should mention to Takabanda about how important having unbroken glass is to our job.

>Sizzle: Start keeping your fragile alchemical tools and glasses in a sound-protected case, if you aren't already.

All your materials, vials and packages are soundproof and resistant to bludgeon. You are not sure if they are Takabanda-proof though. You'll have to talk to him later.

You move toward Flycatcher and ask him if you can help with the wounds.

He hands you the towel. You grab your gloves, alcohol and pincers and start helping him out.
>>
No. 648662 ID: d15c1f
File 143439887680.jpg - (62.72KB , 540x650 , 02of3.jpg )
648662

>Flycatcher: Well, you did want more excitement in your adventuring life...

>Well, at least Flycatcher learned an important lesson that applies only to him: "Never smile at a mirror that is really close to your face."

You ask him what happened in the tavern while you were gone.

Flycatcher: "Not much, but i think i'm going to avoid mirrors for a while"

>Ow those shards look like it hurt, right in the face too..

They are jammed quite deeply inside the skin. It's a good thing that his hide is actually tougher compared to other races. He's also smoother than you imagined, now that you look at him so closely.

>ooo, free frog blood.

>Dang. Nice call. Get the swab! THE SWAB! And clean/heal his wound while you're at it.

>Help with the medical attention to Flycatcher's face.

You ask him if you can keep the towel he was using, because you can craft something with the blood.

He gives you a weird look but nods.

Flycatcher: "Yeah, sure. I don't think i'm going to be able to get that back inside me anyway. Right?"

You pocket the towel for later.

After you are done disinfecting the wounds, Flycatcher asks you if you are ready for tonight.

You ask what is going to happen tonight.
>>
No. 648664 ID: d15c1f
File 143439904380.jpg - (61.46KB , 800x480 , 03of3.jpg )
648664

Takabanda slams his hands on the table and answers for Flycatcher.

Takabanda: "We are finally gonna have a little chit-chat with the young patron our froggy friend is carrying!" He whispers.

[END OF CHAPTER 02]
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password