[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 632345)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39564 unique user posts. View catalog

File 142792670408.png - (308.40KB , 900x600 , title.png )
632345 No. 632345 ID: 8a9edc

Generations have passed in peace.
Expand all images
>>
No. 632347 ID: 8a9edc
File 142792672505.gif - (2.18MB , 900x600 , 1.gif )
632347

It is said that this necklace has survived for eons, and has brought guidance to those who have worn it. Forged by the gods themselves, it stands as legacy of their love and devotion to their creations.

It has been in our family for generations.

And now, just as my mother passed it to me when I came of age, I pass it to you.
>>
No. 632348 ID: 8a9edc
File 142792673443.png - (507.43KB , 900x600 , 2.png )
632348

"Happy hatchingday, sweety."

"You're giving me your necklace? But... it means so much to you. I couldn't."

"Now, now. None of that. I want you to have it. I'm proud of you."

"Oh, Mama..."
>>
No. 632349 ID: 8a9edc
File 142792675249.png - (563.42KB , 900x600 , 3.png )
632349

"Thank you!"

"I love you, Kliss."

My mama puts the necklace around my neck. "You look beautiful," she says. Hearing her say that is too much, and I lose it.

Tyrsis makes his way over to us. "Hey, I got you something too."

sniff, "Oh? You really didn't have to!"
>>
No. 632350 ID: 8a9edc
File 142792676443.png - (222.80KB , 900x600 , 4.png )
632350

"It's a Wishbe. It's, um, a ketza custom. You proclaim a wish and then eat it, and it'll come true! In theory, I mean. it's mostly just tradition..."

"Oh, how wonderful! Thanks, Tyrsis."

"Well?" Mama interjects. "What're you going to wish for, sweety?"

...Oh dear.

My lifelong dream has been to explore the world outside these caves, but Mama is against it. She just gave me the best gift ever; can I really wish for this opportunity and break her heart?

Maybe I can wish for something else, and just, like, earn my dream the old-fashioned way?

What do I wish for?
>>
No. 632353 ID: 8014fc

Wish for a map.

it's worth a shot
>>
No. 632354 ID: 5db52c

>What do I wish for?
Wish for success in your endeavors, and for your endeavors to mean something.

That's open ended enough to apply to your exploring, while maybe doing something good.
>>
No. 632355 ID: f75cf9

>>632350
Wishes are for you, not anyone else!

Also in most wishing traditions I'm familiar with, you're supposed to not say the wish out loud, but I guess this one is different.

Also hi! Bet this wasn't how you expected the necklace to "guide" you was it?
>>
No. 632361 ID: 0848f4

Wish you could be as perfectly fluffy as Tyrsis.
>>
No. 632364 ID: ec0bf5

Wish that you'll be able to find your place in the world. You don't have to mention what place you have in mind.
>>
No. 632395 ID: 6bd594

Wish for success in all your endeavors.

She doesn't have to know what those endeavors are.
>>
No. 632396 ID: f4d940

Eh, I think this one should do:
>>632364

"Success in my endeavors" is a little suspiciously vague.
>>
No. 632400 ID: f5baae

>>632350
Wish for silver dragon scale mail +3
Wish for independence. That's what you want, right?
>>
No. 632405 ID: 8371c4

>>632395
same
>>
No. 632414 ID: 9b7a8e

Wish for health and happiness for your whole family? Then you'll know things will turn out okay if you go!
>>
No. 632417 ID: d3be40

>>632355
Seconded

Well hello there! How are you doing today?
>>
No. 632445 ID: ec0bf5

Well, you could always wish for romance! Think about it, maybe on your adventures you'll run into some hot slissa boys!
>>
No. 632456 ID: c57d78

>>632361
this
>>
No. 632458 ID: 0ee153

Wish to not die horribly as we continue burrowing into your nervous system.
>>
No. 632483 ID: 7df277

wish for fluff, for all slissa kind
>>
No. 632497 ID: 9b9ee7

wish for a kiss

or a kliss

one of those
>>
No. 632600 ID: 91ee5f

Wish for many strange voices in your head to help you make every decision for the rest of your life! XD
>>
No. 632610 ID: 945fb0

...Good to see our Creations are doing well. Wait, aren't we supposed to be dead?
>>
No. 632684 ID: 55c4cf

Wish for being able to calm others with your presence.
>>
No. 632708 ID: d16a1b

Wish on the cuttlefish
>>
No. 632719 ID: 34e08b

Wish for Tyrsis's fur to fall off! It's your birthday so he isn't even allowed to get mad at you.
>>
No. 632930 ID: 8a9edc
File 142820022739.gif - (7.29MB , 900x600 , 5.gif )
632930

>Well hello there! How are you doing today?
?

>Good to see our Creations are doing well. Wait, aren't we supposed to be dead?
????

>Well, you could always wish for romance! Think about it, maybe on your adventures you'll run into some hot slissa boys!
>wish for a kiss
Probably not, since we're... wait. Why am I thinking about this all of a sudden?

No, if anyone needs romance, it's Tyrsis. The poor thing's always going on about how lonely he is, being the only hybrid we know of and all. I have to find someone to set him up with before I go!
>>
No. 632931 ID: 8a9edc
File 142820024334.png - (466.14KB , 900x600 , 6.png )
632931

>Wish you could be as perfectly fluffy as Tyrsis.
>wish for fluff, for all slissa kind
Why would I want that? We live in a giant cave system. All that fluff would just get in the way. (You don't even want to know how often Tyrsis has to preen himself.)

Ketzas aren't here by choice, but we slissas live for the underground. We're pretty much built for digging! There's no greater desire for a slissa than to swim through the ground as if it were an ocean!

At least, that's what they keep telling me. My aspirations are a bit... higher.

>Also in most wishing traditions I'm familiar with, you're supposed to not say the wish out loud, but I guess this one is different.
"Hey yeah, shouldn't I keep the wish to myself?"

"Nah, hatchingdays are about opening yourself to your loved ones. Reaffirming your trust and love for each other! Besides, what kind of wish would you possibly want kept secret?"

"Er..."
>>
No. 632932 ID: 8a9edc
File 142820026280.png - (308.64KB , 900x600 , 7.png )
632932

>Wish for many strange voices in your head to help you make every decision for the rest of your life! 
Creepy!

>>632364
"I wish... to find my place in this world?"

"Ooh, good wish!" Tyrsis says.

"Your place is here, Kliss," Mama says.

"Uh-- I mean my place down here and totally not above-ground and--"

"Sweety, it's not nice to lie."

"I WISH FOR AN EASY WAY TO MAKE THIS WISH"

"Even better one!" Tyrsis says, grinning widely.

>>632395
Oh! "I wish for success in all my endeavors!"

She lets out a defeated chuckle. "You're just like your father."
>>
No. 632933 ID: 8a9edc
File 142820028871.png - (445.04KB , 900x600 , 8.png )
632933

"So you'll let me seek out my dream?" I ask, hopeful.

Her expression drops. "You know we can't leave the caves. The Great Beast will devour you."

"It'll be fine! I'll just sneak past it and--"

"And what? Swim? Even if the Great Beast doesn't kill you, we're surrounded by water. There's nothing to explore. Please, put these thoughts out of your head and find something you'd like to do that doesn't involve worrying your poor mother to death."

"Like what, mom?"

"Like... I don't know. Digging new tunnels? Maybe you could build a nice store and sell those trinkets you're always finding."

Digging and building. There has to be more to life than that, right...?
>>
No. 632934 ID: c57d78

what is this great beast and why is everyone so scared of it?
>>
No. 632935 ID: 9297f4

How good are you at killing things?
>>
No. 632936 ID: ec0bf5

Digging your way to the surface and building a boat, maybe. Don't say that out loud. Where do the ketzas go if you can't go above ground without getting eaten?
>>
No. 632937 ID: bd8b82

what beast? we'll kick it's ass!
>>
No. 632938 ID: 59bad3

>No, if anyone needs romance, it's Tyrsis. The poor thing's always going on about how lonely he is, being the only hybrid we know of and all. I have to find someone to set him up with before I go!
Just to make sure you can't focus on anything, what options are we looking at here?

The way he's acting you're the only girl who's willing to talk to him, or at least the only girl he wants to talk to that will say anything back. Poor guy.
>>
No. 632939 ID: 296917

>>632933
Hmm, I wonder if we have any Creation energy.
>>
No. 632940 ID: 6bd594

Definitely.

Tell us more about this Great Beast.
>>
No. 632942 ID: 5db52c

>hybrid
Ketssa? Slitza?

>Ketzas make miserable underground diggers
>Digging and building. There has to be more to life than that, right...?
Well, yeah! There's more to life than digging. Digging is just for making a place to be in, or to find stuff that's buried.

But what do you do in the places you've already dug out? All kinds of stuff!

>Even if the Great Beast doesn't kill you, we're surrounded by water. There's nothing to explore.
There's stuff that's not underground or underwater. We've seen this planet from orbit. Unless there's been a whole lot of flooding.

I mean, there must be places where Ketza fur helps and isn't silly, right?
>>
No. 632943 ID: d3be40

Lots more. You've barely scratched the skin of your entire universe.

There's so much to see...
>>
No. 632944 ID: 46df9e

>>632933
Ohh, I recognize this scenario. Just keep digging further down until you find a giant head deep underground then you can learn to do the impossible.
>>
No. 632946 ID: 9ddf68

hell I've heard of crazier goals, like when we came here our goal was to find a barren world and seed it with life, so far it seems to be doing well but we'd need to see the surface to really know how far it's come.

But this beast, what is it?
>>
No. 633025 ID: 91ee5f

HEY! Us many strange voices in your head are NOT creepy! We actually do help you make decisions! Now apologize to us you feelings hurter!

But, back on topic. Oooo, what kind of trinkets do you dig up? And don't worry if your only skill is digging. Just remember, "YOURS ARE THE CLAWS THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!!!!!"
>>
No. 664843 ID: 395c02
File 144044438289.png - (181.02KB , 900x600 , 9.png )
664843

>what is this great beast and why is everyone so scared of it?
Wouldn't my ancestors know this themselves? Hmm...

The Great Beast is a fearsome animal that showed up one day and began eating Ketzas left and right. They did everything they could to stop it, but it evaded their traps and their magic only seemed to make it stronger!

But when it found itself outside our cave systems, it... stopped. Maybe it was scared of the dark? Refusing to step inside, it simply turned around and left. That was the last direct contact we had with it for many generations.

I kind of wish someone was crazy enough to sit there drawing the thing, because as it stands nobody knows what it looks like. It's probably big and scary, with lots of spikes.
>>
No. 664844 ID: 395c02
File 144044440414.png - (1.05MB , 900x600 , 10.png )
664844

The Ketzas were forced into our homes, but had no desire to mingle with us. Armed with their terrible magic, they enslaved our race and forced us to build a separate mega-city for them to call home. Fear kept us in check for several years until eventually a Slissa appeared who was immune to their magic, and... Well, history doesn't say for sure, but something happened that day that forever changed our dynamic. In the end, the Ketzas released their slaves and our two races have spent several lifetimes mending their relationship.

I guess Tyrsis's existence implies some Ketzas and Slissas mended better than others, but as a whole the relationship is... strained. I think things are getting better, though. Ketzas and Slissas will be best friends someday!

After all, do we not both pile?

>The way he's acting you're the only girl who's willing to talk to him, or at least the only girl he wants to talk to that will say anything back. Poor guy.
That's why I have to help him! There are very few like Tyrsis, and he's ostracized from both societies. I've tried to find another hybrid like him, but nobody I've talked to knows any!
>>
No. 664845 ID: 395c02
File 144044441765.png - (227.11KB , 900x600 , 11.png )
664845

>How good are you at killing things?
Not even remotely good! But I can kill bugs! It'll be fine!

>what beast? we'll kick it's ass!
I'd certainly be killed! But the fact that nobody's seen the thing since its original attack means I can certainly build my boat and be off this island without issue! It's not like anyone's up there to stop me.

>HEY! Us many strange voices in your head are NOT creepy! We actually do help you make decisions! Now apologize to us you feelings hurter!
Oh! I didn't mean to be rude! I'm terribly sorry! I have nothing but respect for my ancestors and the trials they've suffered.
>>
No. 664846 ID: 395c02
File 144044443292.png - (346.70KB , 900x600 , 12.png )
664846

"...Kliss? Sweety?"

"Huh?"

"You zoned out for a bit. That means you were considering not going anywhere, right? You don't want to leave your poor mother alone, do you? Alone and worried. And what if I come down ill while being alone and worried! Without you around, I could die! And you could die! You leaving would kill us both! And Tyrsis would be so sad!"

Oh no! Motherly guilt trip!

"aaaaa don't die kliss i'd be so saaad"

Whose side is he on?!
>>
No. 664848 ID: 1cebc8

Welcome back, Slissa.

Do a little jig and start planning your big adventure with quests and loot and violence! Joy!
>>
No. 664850 ID: 3663d3

we can probably stop the great beast... probably.
>>
No. 664851 ID: e114bc

...if it's been generations since the Great Beast slaughtered all those Ketzas, shouldn't it be dead from old age by now? When was the last time anyone checked to see if it's still there?

Also what if they CAME WITH YOU?
>>
No. 664853 ID: ec0bf5

Clearly you've got to involve him with you in your plots. Also, whatever great beast this is can't be that scary if it's afraid of the dark or tight spaces or slissas or whatever. You can take it! Don't you want to be some kind of legendary hero? And if Tyris comes and slays it with you I'm sure he'll be loved and respected by everyone more than enough to make up for his social standing.
>>
No. 664869 ID: 9ddf68

hahahahaha, oh god she plays mean.

Tell her you were just getting distracted by the amulet. Then turn the tables on her. First fidget like you're uncomfortable then get a moment of realization on your face, get the same look in your eyes that she has and then say "wait, you mean you don't have any friends done here besides me and Tyrsis? Oh mother, why have you never you told us you were so lonely! I need to fix this right away" then run off.

Not necessarily towards the exit but you do try and get away from your mothers gaze. Oh and are there any slissa your moms got her eye on? If so if you could get them to start talking/hanging out with your mom that would distract her and make it that much easier for you to sneak out later.

Oh and sorry if this is a sore topic but where's your dad?
>>
No. 664882 ID: 2a7417

You got on fine before me, mother, and you can't keep me grounded forever. If you're so concerned for my wellbeing, why not send Tyrsis to watch me?
I'm sure being half slissa will keep him safe from the big bad beast.
>>
No. 664888 ID: 57dfcc

>>664846
Promise not to die. That solves that problem.

...would mom really be all alone without you? It can't be that the three of you live all by yourself with no one else around, can it?
>>
No. 665068 ID: 395c02

>>664882
Yes obviously you'll be much safer with Tyrsis to protect you! He's bigger than you are, plus he has the power of fluff!
>>
No. 665195 ID: 395c02
File 144062419618.png - (313.04KB , 900x600 , 13.png )
665195

"The Great Beast probably isn't even alive, you know! We haven't seen it in many lifetimes."

"The ketzas send scouts out every few years, and they always come back reporting howls and the sound of something big moving around. Maybe the original beast is dead, but it's surely had offspring. Why, if ketzas weren't so good at running away from danger, we'd probably lose a few of them each time they go up."

"It's because they're such cowards that we can't trust their word! When's the last time a slissa went up to check?"

"Slissas don't really care what goes on up there, sweety."

"This one does!"

Mama pauses. "Even... Even if the beast were dead, and it never had any offspring, there's no saying what else lies in wait. You're just one slissa. You can't fight, and we don't use magic. You'd leave your poor mother all alone, worried sick about you!"

"Alone? I could fix that! I'll just get you a hot slissa boy!"

"Whoa, whoa there sweety. Mama isn't looking for..."

"But you keep saying how lonely you are! It's the perfect idea! I'll just go to the market and ask around--"
>>
No. 665196 ID: 395c02
File 144062421164.png - (275.24KB , 900x600 , 14.png )
665196

"HAHAHA okay no please don't do that. Look, I might already have an interest in someon-- wait, this isn't about me! Well, it was a bit, but-- look okay I don't want you going to the surface!"

"I'll be fine! Tyrsis can come with me!"

"What?" Mama asks.

"What!?" Tyrsis asks.

"You can use magic, right? Use your fluffy fiery powers to placate the beast! There's no way it'd eat something as adorable as you!"

"I'm growing decreasingly fond of the direction this conversation is headed in!" Tyrsis drags me off to the side. "KLISS IT'S FRIEND-TALK TIME HANG ON A SECOND MISS KYRA!"
>>
No. 665197 ID: 395c02
File 144062422849.png - (337.94KB , 900x600 , 15.png )
665197

"Kliss, you can't be serious about this! I don't wanna go up there! I'd die!"

"You wouldn't die--!"

"I would! And you would, too! You're my best friend-- my only friend. I don't want to lose you."

"Then come with me, Tyrsis. Shake off your fears and we can face the unknown together!"

"I... I can't. The thought of going up there terrifies me to the very bone. But we-- we could explore down here! We've never seen the capital, and I still want to see the Ketzas, even if they... don't like me. And there's the Friendship Monument! We haven't seen that yet. There's so much we could do and I don't want you to go and... I..."
>>
No. 665198 ID: 395c02
File 144062423949.png - (304.19KB , 900x600 , 16.png )
665198

"I'm really scared right now."
>>
No. 665199 ID: 57dfcc

>>665198
I think the only appropriate response here is hugs.
>>
No. 665200 ID: ec0bf5

Hug.
>>
No. 665201 ID: 9ddf68

ah, you should give him a hug.

Also what kind of magic does he know? And how far away are these things he's talking about? I mean we could start off with those and work our way up. Oh and tell him it's ok to be afraid. Everyone is afraid of something so he has nothing to be ashamed of.

Oh and one last note, you should totally still tell people in the market you're mom is available. If nothing else it would be funny and it would probably distract her long enough for you to start adventuring.
>>
No. 665203 ID: 9439d6

This might be controversial, but I vote you go and give him a hug.
>>
No. 665204 ID: e114bc

>>665198
Let's start small then. How about we just go look out the entrance?
>>
No. 665230 ID: 8371c4

say it's okay to be scared and then hug him
then do this >>665204
>>
No. 665287 ID: 395c02

Hug!

Doesn't Tyrsis need to find his place in the world, too?
>>
No. 665290 ID: 904bad

>>665201
I'm going with this
>>
No. 665291 ID: 0fc976

>>665198 Boo!
>>
No. 665981 ID: 395c02
File 144103588724.png - (124.07KB , 900x600 , 17.png )
665981

>hug
"Hey, come on, it's okay."

He's really shaking... I think he needs a minute.

>Also what kind of magic does he know?
Well, there's only one kind of magic. The ketzas prefer we use their word (Mouzha), but their word is silly.

They exert a weird um... energy? that makes things really hot or really cold. Tyrsis says it's like breathing out, except you don't actually do that. And you guide it with your hands? I really don't get it.

I don't think they can make giant blocks of ice or anything, but a room full of ketzas is always just the right temperature! For them. For me it's always way too cold.

>Oh and one last note, you should totally still tell people in the market you're mom is available.
I um.

I may have already made fliers. Just have to hand them out!
>>
No. 665982 ID: 395c02
File 144103590730.png - (192.78KB , 900x600 , 18.png )
665982

"You okay now?" I ask.

"...."

"Listen, it's okay to be scared. Nothing to be ashamed of! Let's just forget all about the outside world for a bit. Why don't we check out those places you listed? And then, if you're up to it, we can go to the main exit. No further! We'll just look outside, and if you're still too scared we'll come back and figure it out, okay?"

"W-we'll just look? You promise?"

"I promise! We won't take a single step outside if you don't want to."

"Um... Okay... I guess we can look..."

"All right! Is that okay with you, Mama?"
>>
No. 665983 ID: 395c02
File 144103592772.png - (339.35KB , 900x600 , 19.png )
665983

"Hmm? D-did you say something?"

"I know you were listening in, Mama."

"I'd never-- Fine, fine. I suppose that's okay. Maybe seeing how wonderful our land is will convince you to stay. And seeing the ketzas would be good for poor Tyrsis."

"Hurray! Our very first adventure!"

Tyrsis sniffles. "A-adventure... "

"Where should we go first, Tyrsis?"

"Um, I kind of want to see the ketzas, but maybe i should hide my horns..."

It's true that without his horns, he'd more or less pass for a regular (albeit small) ketza... but his horns make him who he is, don't they?

"Oh! It's still your hatchingday! We should play a game or something!"

"Truth or dare??" I ask instinctively.

Mama raises an eye-ridge. "I'm not kissing anybody."
>>
No. 665984 ID: 1cebc8

How about a scavenger hunt?

Whoever finds the most jewels (and food and stuff) scattered around the town, lost by travelers or uncovered by digging, wins three meals!
>>
No. 665985 ID: 2a7417

Naked wrestling!

Oh, wait, you're already naked. Well how about that!
>>
No. 665998 ID: 8371c4

>>665985
then we're half way there
>>
No. 666017 ID: e114bc

Hide and seek!
>>
No. 666019 ID: f427de

Well if you are going to play truth or dare ask your mom who that boy she was talking about is. I mean if we know who she wants we can try and focus on him before we go with plan flyers if he doesn't work out.

Oh and if you're worried about his horns can't you just get him a hat?
>>
No. 666031 ID: 57dfcc

>I'm not kissing anybody.
I promise not to dare you into kissing anyone, or vice versa.
>>
No. 666263 ID: ec0bf5

>>666019
Not a hat, he's got horns on his back too. We need to get him an awesome cape. It'll make him more willing to go adventuring too, I'm sure.
>>
No. 667085 ID: 395c02
File 144133423291.png - (359.88KB , 900x600 , 20.png )
667085

"Let's play... Na-- normal wrestling!!" I suggest.

Tyrsis perks up immediately. He loves normal wrestling!

"No way! Tyrsis is too big and I'm too old."

"he's like 80% fluff i don't see the issue ANYWAY What if we play truth or dare, but we promise no kissing?" I ask.

"There might not be any kissing, but I bet you're up to some Klissing! No funny business! No nose booping either!"

Tyrsis lets out a long disappointed sound (it's like a bird peep, but there's an odd 'sss' kinda sound at the beginning. I refer to it as a speep!). He really loves nose-boops.

"You go first, mama! Truth or dare?"

"Uh... dare."

NOT AS PLANNED. Wait, I've got this.
>>
No. 667086 ID: 395c02
File 144133425686.png - (399.68KB , 900x600 , 21.png )
667086

"I dare you... to tell me who that hot slissa boy you have an interest in is!!"

"Why do you keep calling them-- no! I should have seen this coming! Next game!"

Cave-rats... We both know she needs some slissa love! Why won't she let me help her?!

I briefly wonder if it's healthy to be thinking these things about my own mother.

I shake off such blasphemies. "Okay... how about a scavenger hunt? We look around town and whoever finds the most neat things wins!"

She starts to shake her head, but pauses. A grin flashes across her face. "Oh... I could use that time to see- I mean, a scavenger hunt sounds fun! Still, it's getting kind of late..."

"Let's only do it for 25 glows (~1 hour) then."

"Yes. Perfect. Okay! On your mark..."
>>
No. 667087 ID: 395c02
File 144133427826.png - (375.23KB , 900x600 , 22.png )
667087

"...GETSETGOOOoooooo..."

Wow she really took off.

"I guess we should get going too, huh?" Tyrsis says.

Mama was acting painfully obviously suspicious. I could play along and explore the town, follow her and see what she's up to, or take Tyrsis and get him a really cool cape. It'd certainly be nice if I could convince my BFF to explore the world with me, and getting him ready to visit the ketzas would be an important step in doing just that!
>>
No. 667088 ID: 0fc976

Cool cape, cool cape!
>>
No. 667089 ID: 8371c4

Hmmm... this is a hard choice cool cape for our bff, or espionage on mother?
I guess cape.
>>
No. 667094 ID: 57dfcc

Let your mom have her thing. It obviously makes her happy, you don't need to meddle.

Although I do wonder what she'd hiding. Something she doesn't think you'd approve of? Is she seeing a ketza? A girl? Someone too young or two old? Someone with a poor reputation?
>>
No. 667136 ID: 3bdf27

Any idea of where she's running off to, as in a general direction?

Anyways you know the area around here better then us so where would you say a good place to start looking for cool stuff?
>>
No. 667177 ID: 91ee5f

>>667087
Hey! Where's that necklace your mother gave you? Why aren't you wearing it? She gave it to you as a present and you're not wearing it! You've probably hurt her feelings, you rude little girl! Shame on you! >:-(
>>
No. 667250 ID: 395c02
File 144140056632.png - (139.47KB , 900x600 , 23.png )
667250

>>667177
"Kliss, you keep dropping this..."

"Ah! P-please give that back."

"Your mother treasured this her whole life, you know. You gotta keep better track of it."

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry--! I won't drop it again! I'll super-glue it on!"

"that's a bit extreme...
>>
No. 667252 ID: 46df9e

Nothings too extreme to show you care for your mother!!
>>
No. 667254 ID: 57dfcc

>>667250
Eat it! Then you'll never lose it again. I'm sure there will be no consequences.
>>
No. 667293 ID: 4ab038

We can get a cape later, but we can only spy your mother NOW! Besides, i'm curious you should practice how to be sneaky for the surface!
>>
No. 667546 ID: 91ee5f

>>667254
Yes! Eat it! There won't be any consequences at all!
.....Maybe!
>>
No. 668421 ID: 395c02
File 144175770024.png - (122.97KB , 900x600 , 24.png )
668421

>Any idea of where she's running off to, as in a general direction?
She ran back to town!

>Eat it! Then you'll never lose it again. I'm sure there will be no consequences.
You want me to eat the necklace my mother cherished and entrusted me with? Come on, I'll just [font color = "grey"]keep better track of...[/font]
>>
No. 668422 ID: 395c02
File 144175773506.gif - (2.11MB , 900x600 , 25.gif )
668422

>Ŧรςђ кɭเ๔ש๓ร เקɭєเร...

>єเﻮรђ ςเ๔คק...

Huh...?

>קђรเ๏รɭภŦ คﻮภﻮєђเภ Ƶ̴Ⱥ̨͠ń̛ɏ̸̀Ⱥ
>>
No. 668423 ID: 395c02
File 144175776584.png - (382.59KB , 900x600 , 26.png )
668423

There we go!

>Nothings too extreme to show you care for your mother!!
Don't worry! Maybe I won't use super-glue, but I'm never ever taking this off ever from now on! Promise!

"Um, Kliss... do you hear... voices when you wear that thing?"

"What? It's more that I can feel my ancestors guiding me. Like, right now they want me to..."

>We can get a cape later, but we can only spy your mother NOW!
"...Get you a cool cape! Immediately! Probably!"

"are you making this up as you go"

"No way! This is part of their greater plan! We're going to hide your horns with a cool cape, cool cape!"

"But it wouldn't hide the ones on my head..."

"One step at a time!"
>>
No. 668424 ID: 395c02
File slissa_quest_opening.swf - (1.97MB , 900x600 , slissa quest opening.swf )
668424

We make our way back, pausing for a moment so Tyrsis can breathe in the sights.



[watch on youtube: https://youtu.be/et3QRGxbzXM ]
>>
No. 668429 ID: 0fc976

Flap down to the walkway below, Tyrsis!
>>
No. 668434 ID: 46df9e

Aww, your obliviousness to Tyrsis' attempt to flirt with you is just adorable. Now let's go into town. If we make sure the cape comes with a hood we can make him look mysterious while hiding his head horns too.
>>
No. 668435 ID: 648d78

Step 1 Follow your mother.
Step 2 Learn to get a hint, girl!

Also, if you know who your mother is dating, this is a perfect place to orchestrate a contrived coincidental meeting.
>>
No. 668436 ID: 395c02

>>668434
Mystyriousis sounds like the best idea.
>>
No. 668437 ID: 57dfcc

>"Um, Kliss... do you hear... voices when you wear that thing?"
Yes.

>are you making this up as you go
She's not, but we are.

>"But it wouldn't hide the ones on my head..."
>"One step at a time!"
The next step is an awesome hat, obviously.

>>668424
Oblivious, your name is Kliss.
>>
No. 668439 ID: f0e552

>>668424
you're oblivious. But don't worry about that now. Time for a few glows on the town!
>>
No. 668444 ID: e114bc

Hang on let him hold the necklace again. Ask him to focus on it. Can he understand the voice? It is just one voice, isn't it?
>>
No. 668449 ID: ec0bf5

Nah, we don't need a hood. We don't actually want to try to hide who or what he is, just to make it less conspicuous so he'll be less self-conscious about it. Actually hiding it will give him the idea that it's something he needs to hide.
>>
No. 668456 ID: ad936f

KISS HIM YOU FOOL!
>>
No. 668472 ID: 1cebc8

Scratch off any ingrown scales or bio-splinters. Then take a look at the entrance to your village and

MINE

SOME

LOOT

A few gems or eggs should be enough to buy yourself some tools.
>>
No. 668520 ID: ea0ad9

>Oblivious
Nah, you guys are just reading things that aren't true. Probably. He's probably just pausing because after thinking about it he's worrying he can't find one. I mean, think about it, Ketza's are all proud and think themselves better, and he's half ketza, so he probably thinks he has to have a Ketza girl, but that being half Slissa worries that he can't.
I wonder if there's a Slissa girl out there who's Ketza-pretty, that would do the trick!
>>
No. 668609 ID: 9ddf68

>Ƶ̴Ⱥ̨͠ń̛ɏ̸̀Ⱥ
Zanya, Nokizanya? Now that is a name I have not heard in a long long time. hah, Now that I look at it he does kinda look like the love child between Nokizanya and Nishalm... I wonder how those two did after we lost contact.

>>668424
So this is what we left behi...
>we need to get you a girlfriend
YOU DENSE FOOL! that's your first mark, you get two more and if you don't figure this out yourself before then I'll tell you why you're an idiot.
>>
No. 668623 ID: 91ee5f

>>668424
YOU FOOL!!!!! He's talking about you! Now kiss him! KISS HIM!!!!! DX
>>
No. 668626 ID: 8a3061

>Now kiss him! KISS HIM!!!!! DX

I dunno he seems a bit wet. You could probably do better
>>
No. 668662 ID: ad936f

>>668626
First of all how dare you.
Second of all HOW DARE YOU.
>>
No. 669067 ID: 395c02
File 144201401164.png - (353.38KB , 900x600 , 28.png )
669067

Agh! Why is there this intense feeling of frustration in the air!?

>YOU DENSE FOOL! that's your first mark, you get two more and if you don't figure this out yourself before then I'll tell you why you're an idiot.
I'm sorry if I offended you, Ancestors!

>Flap down to the walkway below, Tyrsis!
Those wings are even more useless for him than for a purebred Ketza! Neither can fly, so I'm not sure what the wings are even for.

>Hang on let him hold the necklace again. Ask him to focus on it. Can he understand the voice? It is just one voice, isn't it?
Nope! I'm never ever letting it go for any reason ever! I learned my lesson!

>KISS HIM YOU FOOL!
What? His first kiss should come from the girl of his dreams!

>Oblivious, your name is Kliss.
W-Why are you calling me oblivious?? I'm so oblivious as to why I'm oblivious! ow, my head

>I dunno he seems a bit wet. You could probably do better
i don't... what?

>>668520
A ketza girl...? Of course! No wonder Tyrsis never 'clicks' with anyone I introduce him to!

"Come on! We've got work to do! Time to get you ready for ketza town!"

"But I left my money at home... S-should we dig up some gems?"

"Eh? I'm not making you pay, silly! We'll stop by my house and get my pack!"
>>
No. 669068 ID: 395c02
File 144201402703.png - (345.44KB , 900x600 , 29.png )
669068

One glossed-over pack getting trip later...

"The costume shop? I dunno about this..."

"It'll be fine! it's not like there's a lot of clothing shops around here...

I need something that hides all of Tyrsis's horns and back spikes. Oh! I can see a couple options out front!
>>
No. 669069 ID: 395c02
File 144201403965.png - (121.66KB , 900x600 , 30.png )
669069

Of course, I could look further in and try to come up with something else...

Feel free to design an outfit!
>>
No. 669072 ID: 46df9e

We don't need to hide them; we just need to draw attention elsewhere. A cup and a muscle shirt should draw attention away from the back and head, and it will make him memorable to everyone he meets.
>>
No. 669074 ID: 9ddf68

>What? His first kiss should come from the girl of his dreams!
AUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRGH!
Oh, ohhhhh, I feel like I've just been punch in the gut. This is still one by the way but, urgh.

>>669069
someone else please help with this, I need to lie down for a moment. oh god
>>
No. 669082 ID: ad936f
File 144201518171.png - (105.94KB , 651x557 , I'm so so sorry.png )
669082

I did what I had to.
>>
No. 669083 ID: e114bc

Kliss, let's say, hypothetically, you are the girl of his dreams. WHAT WOULD YOU DO???
>>
No. 669084 ID: 46df9e

>>669082
Is that a shirt or did you just dye his feathers or fur or whatever?
>>
No. 669087 ID: ec0bf5

Huh, that actually reminds me, if we're getting all into planning for getting romantic partners for both your mom and Tyrsis, have you considered finding one for yourself? What sort of things are you interested in? Perhaps a guy who would go on adventures with you? I'm sure there's got to be one of those somewhere in town.
>>
No. 669088 ID: ad936f

>>669084
Yes.
>>
No. 669141 ID: 2e88a5
File 144203802151.png - (125.95KB , 900x600 , gearedUp.png )
669141

If you're going on an adventure, you need to dress appropriately.
>>
No. 669158 ID: 91ee5f

>>669067
>Girl of his dreams.

YOU ARE THE GIRL OF HIS DREAMS, YOU FOOL!!!!! DX
>>
No. 669164 ID: f0e552
File 144207361534.png - (114.77KB , 900x600 , 144201403965.png )
669164

Something with a stetson, cloak and bandana would totally work, just a bit better drawn.
>>
No. 669172 ID: 149da0
File 144207898465.png - (152.43KB , 900x600 , perfect costume.png )
669172

>Nope! I'm never ever letting it go for any reason ever! I learned my lesson!
Not letting go doesn't mean Tyrsis can't ever touch it again. (You could *gasp* hold hands over it).

>costume shop
>must hide all of Tyrsis's horns and back spikes
Got ya covered.
>>
No. 669191 ID: ea0ad9

>>669172
"Come, Tyrsis, help me reign on this night of Debauchery!"
That game is way too memorable
>>
No. 669599 ID: 395c02
File 144226613753.png - (356.54KB , 900x600 , 31.png )
669599

"There! Now you look... rugged?"

Tyrsis says something incomprehensible. I think he's trying to have an accent?

"um what are you doing" I ask.

"Let's get those dag nab varments, ma'am!! ...Um... I was trying to mimic that one play we saw."

"Maybe let's never speak of that play again." It was terrible.

I don't think this style of clothing will fit in very well in ketza land, but we just have to hide his horns. Maybe they'll think he's just being... unique?

>Huh, that actually reminds me, if we're getting all into planning for getting romantic partners for both your mom and Tyrsis, have you considered finding one for yourself? What sort of things are you interested in? Perhaps a guy who would go on adventures with you?
Romance is more for those who intend to settle down than those who seek world exploration. I guess it'd be nice if a hot slissa boy showed up who shared my excitement in the outside world, but I'm not going to waste any time looking for one!
>>
No. 669600 ID: 395c02
File 144226615887.png - (370.28KB , 900x600 , 32.png )
669600

>YOU ARE THE GIRL OF HIS DREAMS, YOU FOOL!!!!! DX
...?

"Um, Kliss... is that your mom? It looks like she's with someone."

Oho! Have we finally discovered the hot slissa boy my mom has the hot slissa girls for!?

...Wha? He's way younger than her! He's about... my age!

THIS IS SO SCANDALOUS!

"I think they're going into that nice restaurant, the one people go to on romantic dates."

"What! We have to follow them in there! Come on! If anyone asks, you're my date!"

"i find this acceptable"
>>
No. 669601 ID: 395c02
File 144226617437.png - (286.84KB , 900x600 , 33.png )
669601

>Not letting go doesn't mean Tyrsis can't ever touch it again.
Maybe I was a bit hasty... I take hold of the necklace. "Here, grab my hand for a second."

Tyrsis gets a goofy look on his face, but nothing else happens.

We're greeted as we walk in. "Welcome to 'Outside World'! Do you have a reservation~?"

That's quite some list she has! Oh goodness, do I say a random name and hope I'm on there? Or maybe she'll let me in if I explain the scandal about to unfold?
>>
No. 669605 ID: e114bc

>>669601
You have a name that has a reservation: Your mom's. Just say there must be some mistake, and you asked for two tables of two, not just a party of two.
>>
No. 669606 ID: 9ddf68

pretty sure they don't give a damn about any scandal and I don't really know any common names to spout out off the top of my head. I guess you could give your last name and see if she mistakes you for your mother on the list. Then when she calls it get a confused look on your face, ask for who the name is with (that way we know who her boyfriend is), tell them that nether of them are the two of you, give your full name then and when they can't find it look disappointed saying you scheduled something in but guess they forgot to mark you down. Then reschedule and walk out (keep holding Tyrsis's hand to maintain the illusion you're a couple until you walk out of the building) and find somewhere to hang out that has a view of the door and wait for your mom to come out. Then you can follow them or more importantly the boy and see what you can't learn about him.
>>
No. 669607 ID: 0fbbcb

>>669601
Can you remember the name of the actor of that play you saw? was he a ketza? Try to convince her he is that guy and he has a reservation, if she says there is no reservation, act surprised and angry, and start demanding a table, or you will make sure every other actor an famous person (well, whatever you call your group of species) will know how bad this place is run, that they lost a reservation!

if you dont remember the name of the guy just make one.
>>
No. 669631 ID: 149da0

>...Wha? He's way younger than her! He's about... my age!
>THIS IS SO SCANDALOUS!
Oh neat, one of my guesses turned out to be right!

This isn't scandalous. This is the part where you go high five her for scoring a hot younger dude. Be proud of cougar mom!

>Or maybe she'll let me in if I explain the scandal about to unfold?
Most restaurants won't let you in if you explain scandal. They make their money giving scandals romantic places to hang out and eat in peace! They'll take the scandal's side and throw you out.
>>
No. 669634 ID: ad936f

This isn't going to work, you should try stalking them once they're done with their meal. In the meantime you should go on a HOT DATE with your BEST FRIEND.
>>
No. 669672 ID: 46df9e

Not sure if making a scene is such a good idea. If they seat you after making a scene our mother may hear the racket, and you don't want her to look over as they're guiding you in.
>>
No. 669674 ID: 0fbbcb

>>669672
Well, there is a solution for that... MORE COSTUMES!!!
>>
No. 669703 ID: 1cebc8

>>669601
Why, you're the DINNER SHOW

begin tap-dancing

See if she lets you in on the premise of generating more revenue from incentive to attend further dinner shows

and a few crystals
>>
No. 669728 ID: f0e552

>>669601
We could probably try name dropping someone famous and see if they let us in if the whole 'using your moms name' thing doesn't work
>>
No. 669746 ID: ec0bf5

Quick, go get a disguise for yourself too. You can convince them you're a pair of brave adventurers preparing for a journey to the real outside world. It's not technically a lie.
>>
No. 671050 ID: 395c02
File 144279082601.png - (342.41KB , 900x600 , 34.png )
671050

>Quick, go get a disguise for yourself too.
One dash to the costume shop later...

"Welcome...back?"

I do my best actor pose! "We're part of a terrible play!"

"Oh, that's... nice...?"

"We know some BIG NAMES in some BIG PLACES, and we're on an ADVENTURE to see the WORLD!"

"I... I guess you came to the right place...? may i please just have your name"

"We can generate revenue!"

"...."

"And we have gems galore!!"

"...."

"Also if you're single my friend here is looking!"

Tyrsis interjects, "No I'm not!"

"i might need to get my manager"

Tyrsis speaks up, ending my shenanigans. "Wait, um, we're here with miss Kyra...? Of Crystboro?"

"Oh! thank Shaia. Why didn't you say so! She told me you'd be coming."

Wheh?
>>
No. 671051 ID: 395c02
File 144279084563.png - (758.42KB , 900x600 , 35.png )
671051

We are guided to one of the curtained-off VIP areas, which immediately opens.

"Surprise!"

!?!?

"You're pretty predictable, you know! I knew if I acted suspicious enough you wouldn't be able to resist following me. But this time Mama's the one with the surprise!"

"but... scandal...?"

"You're always so focused on Tyrsis and me finding love, but I want today to be about you!"

"o-okay...?"
>>
No. 671052 ID: 395c02
File 144279086708.png - (385.94KB , 900x600 , 36.png )
671052

"Here, sit next to this young gentleman. You remember him, right? From school?"

The debatably-scandalous hot slissa boy mama was with? What's going...

"Um, hello. I'm Kekyrni."

"You um, let my Mama rope you into this?"

"Well, I've kind of always wanted to talk to you during our schooling, so when your mother offered a free meal in exchange for going on a date with you, it sounded almost too good to be true. I um, I hope that doesn't make me sound weird."

A date? Oh.

Oh no.
>>
No. 671053 ID: 395c02
File 144279088212.png - (181.88KB , 900x600 , 37.png )
671053

I'VE JUST BEEN KLISSED.
>>
No. 671055 ID: ec0bf5

So, how's Tyrsis responding to all of this? Just out of curiosity.

You should make small talk, ask this guy what he's interested in. See what he thinks about the surface. It would be nice if you found a hot slissa boyfriend willing to adventure with you!
>>
No. 671056 ID: e114bc

>>671053
Well by your own admission he's hot, so give it a shot. Find out more about him, etc.
>>
No. 671058 ID: 3663d3

how does he feel about sneaking past horrible monsters?
>>
No. 671065 ID: 46df9e

Do you even remember this guy from your school days? Also this is really awkward seeing as how your about to just leave on an adventure, or is your mom hoping getting you a boyfriend will convince you to settle down instead. Ask him exactly when it was your mom talked him into this.
>>
No. 671067 ID: 4780ef

...how is it that both you AND your mother can't see someone is already crushing hard on you?

Oh also you should put up those fliers right before you leave on your trip as a "thank you" to your mother. Also I suggest leaving on your trip with Tyrsis first thing tomorrow when you wake up (wake up early) as it seems your mom is trying to get you to stay by straddling you with a boyfriend.
>>
No. 671070 ID: 149da0

But that's not right! You already agreed to a "fake" date with Tyrsis to get in here! You can't be on two dates at once! That would be... scandalous!
>>
No. 671079 ID: b979d0

>>671058
ALARM ALARM! Start Operation Weird-Him-Out.
>>671058
This is a good start, but start asking him questions like, "How fast do yo think you can run? I mean, like, for your life?""Those these crown makes me look fat?""Do you think that the beast outside is really gigantic, or only, like, 3 metes tall? I cant wait to find out!""Wait, you needed to be offered a free meal to talk to me?" and keep those questions, dont let him think!

Also, keep draging Tyrsis into the conversation, so we can see his face make your date even more confused
>>
No. 671134 ID: 7395f9

>>671079
And then we can top it off by kissing Tyrsis right in front of him.
>>
No. 671248 ID: f0e552

>>671053
Make a mental note to murder your date when nobody is looking.
>>
No. 671273 ID: 2ccbb3

>>671051
Your mother is smarter than she acts.

>>671052
BUT BOY IS SHE OLD-FASHIONED.

>>671053
Wow. In the language we're using? That's quite the pun.

Okay, concentrate on the meal. I'd suggest that you play a game or something but... not much technology for that here.

Twenty questions, anyone?
>>
No. 671297 ID: 0fc976

Shove your face in the food.
>>
No. 671338 ID: 2a7417

Well if you like him so much, why don't you MARRY him, Moooooooom?
>>
No. 671340 ID: 91ee5f

>>671053
No you haven't! No one's klissed you on the lips yet!
.....What? Isn't klissing the same thing as kissing?

(Also, on a completely different subject, this quest is listed under "Dead Quests" but as far as I can tell this quest isn't dead at all! Does anyone know how to fix that?)
>>
No. 671386 ID: ad936f

WHAT!? You can't possibly do this because... You like girls now!
>>
No. 672014 ID: 395c02
File 144304945119.gif - (671.87KB , 900x600 , 38.gif )
672014

>So, how's Tyrsis responding to all of this? Just out of curiosity. 
He looks happy!

>But that's not right! You already agreed to a "fake" date with Tyrsis to get in here! You can't be on two dates at once! That would be... scandalous!
Yeah! Only birds go on double fake dates!

Or was it mammals that did that? One of the Kingdoms.

>WHAT!? You can't possibly do this because... You like girls now!
But I don't! I mean, I'm sure there's a couple people who'd really like me to be, but I can't change who I like!

Maybe I could pretend I do? But I have to consider Mama's poor heart!
>>
No. 672015 ID: 395c02
File 144304947042.png - (387.21KB , 900x600 , 39.png )
672015

>Do you even remember this guy from your school days? Also this is really awkward seeing as how your about to just leave on an adventure, or is your mom hoping getting you a boyfriend will convince you to settle down instead. Ask him exactly when it was your mom talked him into this.
Sort of? I didn't really talk to him or anything but I kind of remember him being there.

"So when did my Mama um.... approach you?"

"Oh, it was yesterday. It did feel a little sudden, I admit, but hey... free food, right?"

>Well by your own admission he's hot, so give it a shot. Find out more about him, etc.
But you were-- I wasn't-- Look, okay, he's an 8 out of 10. Pretty hot, but not like, omega hot. I could hotter. I guess he does combine that with a 9/10 in cuteness, and that tail of his--

Wait, what am I saying? This is surely part of Mama's plan to tie me down and keep me here! I decide not to find out more about him!

Mama says, "So tell us a bit more about yourself~"

"Oh um... I like painting? I'm hoping to become a great artist and capture the beauty of several cave systems. I really hope I get into Gneiss University. They're like, the best."

Beauty in caves? But they all look the same! Pretty sure after the 20th one he'll grow tired of it.

I clear my throat. "So!"
>>
No. 672016 ID: 395c02
File 144304949315.png - (320.17KB , 900x600 , 40.png )
672016

>how does he feel about sneaking past horrible monsters?
"So, what do you think of a daring escape from horrible surface monsters in an effort to explore the outside world?"

"Kliss..." Mama says.

He fidgets. "I, uh. Gee, that sounds kind of scary."

"Wouldn't you want to be the first to paint the Great Beast itself?"

"Kliss..." Mama says more sternly.

"I'd rather not, uh...die..."

Tyrsis seems to be silently cheering for me.

"Nonsense! You could probably outrun it, right? How fast do you run? Like, for your life?"

Mama's glare intensifies.

"I... k-kinda fast..."

Tyrsis sneakily gives me a claws-up.

"How big do you think the Great Beast is? Man, we should go find out!"

"aaaaa"

Mama has a look of screaming internally.

Tyrsis smiles externally.

Man! I was kind of expecting this to backfire in a hilarious albeit predictable way but it's actually working!
>>
No. 672017 ID: 395c02
File 144304951236.png - (166.27KB , 900x600 , 41.png )
672017

"Gosh this grub looks good!" Tyrsis says. "Let's dig in and enjoy the sho-- uh, meal!"

Mama sighs, defeated. "I should have known a hot slissa boy wasn't enough to keep you here. But won't you consider him? Look how cute he is. You could create wonderful pictures together! You two could even... well, you're my daughter so I'm not going to think about it too hard but I do want grandchildren someday!"

Tyrsis gives Mama a look as if asking who's side she's on.

"Look, this guy's kinda cute and hot but that's just not what I'm after, okay? You should just take this guy for yourself! It's not exactly traditional, but you're not that old!"

"i have a name-- don't i get a say in this"

"I'm old enough to know that going outside is death! Your father—"
>>
No. 672018 ID: 395c02
File 144304953043.png - (139.30KB , 900x600 , 42.png )
672018

The room grows silent.

Mama tries to hide her dangling plot thread by pointing out that they should really eat this HATCHING DAY GRUB before it gets cold.
>>
No. 672032 ID: 4780ef

well since your mom brought it up, what do you know about your dad? Also while on the topic of parents what do you know about Tyrsis's parents? I mean I haven't seen or heard anything about them other then one being a Slissa and the other not but then again we only really just kind of showed up.
>>
No. 672044 ID: 149da0

>He looks happy!
Explosions aren't happy! There's a dude in the process of trying not to explode.

>But I don't! I mean, I'm sure there's a couple people who'd really like me to be
Haha, you mean you already know of a couple girls with crushes on you? You're popular.

Hmm. So... hypothetically... how can you tell when someone has a crush on you. Describe it.

>"i have a name-- don't i get a say in this"
Nope! Count yourself lucky that one of them might claim you, and know your place, eye-candy.

>>672018
...the great beast got Dad? Man, and all this time I just thought he was a terrible parent.
>>
No. 672055 ID: e114bc

Are you sure he died?
>>
No. 672059 ID: 0fc976

>>672044
Nah, the Great Beast IS Dad. Pay no attention to the Kliss behind the kurtain.
>>
No. 672138 ID: 46df9e

>>672059
Do you even begin to understand how absolutely scandalous that would be? Mom and the great beast together. Then mom leaves him and won't even let him meet his daughter. Something that scandalous only ever happens in the cheesiest of soap operas.
>>
No. 672154 ID: f0e552

>>672016
Legitimately, Kliss. When all this nonsense is over, I feel we should seriously apologize to this guy and see if we can get another follower. He may be scared of us now, but maybe we can convince him, tell him what's really out there! And like Tsyrsis, we can tell him that if it's too much, he can leave at any point.

If he does end up coming along, he could paint whatever part of outside there is and we could show everyone what it's like up there!

I'm probably seeing too much into an unknown future, but I think it'd be pretty cool.
>>
No. 672155 ID: 2ccbb3

This is the part where the mother stuffs her childrens' faces with aphrodisiacs that only work on specific age groups.

So stuff her face and dance across the restaurant.
>>
No. 672237 ID: 395c02

Kliss, you had a father?!
>>
No. 672245 ID: 91ee5f

I get it now! Your dad went outside also and no one's heard from him ever since then. So, everyone believes he's dead and your mom doesn't want the same thing to happen to you! But, what if he's not dead? He might have killed The Great Beast when he went outside and because of how big the outside is, he's still alive exploring the world! Actually, now that I think about it, is that the reason you want to go outside? Are you trying to find your dad so that you can go exploring together? Awwww, that's so sweet!

Now that I think about it, she reminds me of Kamina from Gurren Lagann! He wanted to go outside to the surface and she's trying to do the same thing! Quickly! Someone give her Kamina's glasses to wear! XD
>>
No. 672271 ID: 330fe0

Oooooh... i wasn't specting that!

Try to act composed. Like Tyrsis this >>672014
Calmly grab a bite, and ask your mother "My father... WHAT?!"

Instruction for all: ignoring that random dude for the rest of the discussion.
>>
No. 672845 ID: 395c02
File 144327667317.gif - (320.31KB , 900x600 , 43.gif )
672845

>Are you sure he died?
I don't know!?

>Kliss, you had a father?!
I hope so!?

>the great beast got Dad? Man, and all this time I just thought he was a terrible parent.
Aaaaa!!??

>Also while on the topic of parents what do you know about Tyrsis's parents
His mom's super nice?? But his dad was a ketza and ketzas are kind of jerks?? So he left to live with the other ketzas???

>Nah, the Great Beast IS Dad.
That'd make my papa kinda awesome?? And a horrible killer?????

Does that mean I'm a slissa/beast hybrid???????


??????????????????????????????????????
>>
No. 672846 ID: 395c02
File 144327668921.png - (449.41KB , 900x600 , 44.png )
672846

>Calmly grab a bite
"This is some good grub." I say calmly.

"Y-yes..."

"So I'm guessing Papa didn't die in a cave-in while building an orphanage for sick children."

"You believed that? I mean-- Can we please not talk about this in front of your hot slissa date?"

"You can keep him. Now, please. I need to know the truth."
>>
No. 672847 ID: 395c02
File 144327672944.png - (227.40KB , 900x600 , 45.png )
672847

She turns away. "Okay, fine. Maybe he also had aspirations to see the outside world and maybe he's the reason we have that giant collection of books about how awesome daylight is that I couldn't bear to throw away and maybe he left one day with the same promise of returning you've been trying to give and maybe he went up there... and..."

"Wait. He wanted to explore? Like me?"

"Very much so. He would get so passionate as he talked about the surface. It is so warm up there. We'd be able to see forever. At first I was swept up in the excitement, but the more likely it became that we'd actually go there, the more afraid I felt. The Great Beast would kill us! I didn't want to die in the middle of nowhere! I wanted to raise a family, with him, in a safe place. Around other slissas. In the end, I told him I couldn't leave. I begged him to stay with me."

"He left anyway...?"

"No... he told me... he..." She takes a moment to compose herself. "He decided I meant more to him than his dream. He stayed, and we had you. But I could tell he was unhappy. Eventually, we came to a compromise. He'd go outside, but only for a little while. Only to see what it was like. Then he'd come back and we'd raise you together. You... can probably guess the rest."

"Mama... why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I don't know. Maybe I was afraid you'd go after him. That you'd take after him. That I'd lose you too. But despite everything, you found those books. You kept his dream despite everything I did to dissuade you."
>>
No. 672848 ID: 395c02
File 144327674789.png - (268.09KB , 900x600 , 46.png )
672848

"He'd be so proud of you right now."


I'm... I'm at a loss. What do I say? What do I do?
>>
No. 672853 ID: f0e552

>>672848
Apologise.

But you have somewhere to be, don't you?
>>
No. 672855 ID: 9ddf68

well a hug would probably be a good thing.

Can't help but wonder why she thought getting you a date would stop you when it didn't stop your father though.
>>
No. 672861 ID: 2ccbb3

"Well, you can't just enslave your own daughter just because your husband left you for an adventure and never came back.

Also, I do not remember my father at all, so go ahead and start dating again. Maybe you can find someone eccentric this time?"
>>
No. 672867 ID: ad936f

I don't think there's much you can say here that isn't an outright lie or trite and meaningless. The only thing that could say to console her is that you won't go, but you've already made up your mind, this is something you HAVE to do. Plus, this is really just all the more reason that you need to go, your father died for that dream, now you have the opportunity to live for it.
>>
No. 672870 ID: 395c02

>>672861
Probably just don't say any of these things, like, at all. Tact! I know you have some of it, somewhere.

Seconding the idea of a hug. This is a good time for those.
>>
No. 673189 ID: 91ee5f

>>672848
But what if your dad killed The Great Beast and he's just waiting for you and your mom to go outside and join him?
>>
No. 673244 ID: ec0bf5

Well, perhaps you can at least promise your mother that if you ever do go outside, you will prepare yourself seriously and thoroughly for danger rather than the adventure you had been hoping for before you learned about this. You know now that you definitely can't assume that people are overrating the dangers of the surface. But, I mean, it's clearly too important to you to ever let you be convinced otherwise, and I don't think we're really going to be much help for you having an ordinary life as a shopkeeper or businesslizard or whatever. Don't abandon your dreams, but don't go getting yourself killed either.
>>
No. 673480 ID: b2192d

It is time for huggles.
>>
No. 673721 ID: 395c02
File 144354567338.png - (198.33KB , 900x600 , 47.png )
673721

>"Well, you can't just enslave your own daughter just because your husband left you for an adventure and never came back."
....
>>
No. 673722 ID: 395c02
File 144354568696.png - (251.40KB , 900x600 , 48.png )
673722

>>
No. 673723 ID: 395c02
File 144354569653.png - (47.07KB , 900x600 , 49.png )
673723

>>
No. 673724 ID: 395c02
File 144354571560.png - (125.78KB , 900x600 , 50.png )
673724

....


>Can't help but wonder why she thought getting you a date would stop you when it didn't stop your father though.
Maybe she was grasping at straws...

>But what if your dad killed The Great Beast and he's just waiting for you and your mom to go outside and join him?
If he had killed it, he surely would have returned by now. He did promise he would...

>>673244
I did so before we came home, and... I dunno. I guess she's willing to let me go. I feel really bad doing this to her, but... I have to focus on my own happiness, right?

And this is my father's dream, too. Maybe I'll learn something about him, if only indirectly.

>But you have somewhere to be, don't you?
Yeah... I kind of wonder if I should just sneak out in the morning. Maybe it'd be easier on Mama than having a long lingering goodbye?

Or maybe I'm just scared to face her again. I don't know.
>>
No. 673725 ID: 2a7417

You must FACE YOUR FEARRRRRRS CHILD. Bid her goodbye in the morning.
Be sure to leave on good terms with her. Even if you know you're coming back someday.
>>
No. 673728 ID: 9ddf68

even if nothing happens to you when you go up to the surface and everything goes just as planned it still could be awhile before you come back home. Wait till morning and have a good breakfast with your mom before you take off.

Wait, are you still planning on seeing all those underground sights like you said you were first before we head top side or just going straight up to the surface?
>>
No. 673732 ID: 892627

Dont leave in the night. Speak to her directly. maybe I dunno... does she has a friend? some else from you and Tyrsis? speak to them. If not, then... I cant believe i'm going to say this... Leave Tyrsis with her, i feel that he is like son to her, or at minimum a friend.
>>
No. 673733 ID: e6fcea

No matter what, do not leave your mother without a proper farewell. No matter how hard it might be. It might end up the last time you see her.

But before such matters, have you went and done what you said you would do with Tyrsis before leaving all you've ever known behind?

I wonder if your mother would consider coming with you, if only for a chance to find out what happened to your father. If there is nothing else holding her back but fear of the unknown anyhow.
>>
No. 673735 ID: 2ccbb3

For what it's worth, I'm sorry. But your mother has held on to a fear that doesn't help her own desires. She wants you to be happy. Hopefully, you can give her some form of surgical closure by surviving the trials and coming back rich with the agricultural / technological treasures of the surface world

Or you can break her heart wide open if you happen to die, to the point that she'll find someone else and learn to live again.

Adventuring is dark, but there's so much out there that people want. And some things that people have locked within. This is what they mean by "not all rewards are made of treasure".
>>
No. 673758 ID: 149da0

>>673724
Don't sneak out. That's just worse if you disappear. She'll start worrying earlier.
>>
No. 673778 ID: b2192d

It would be wrong not to say goodbye.

What if you don't return?
>>
No. 673942 ID: 91ee5f

>>673724
>Sneak out.

Don't. Do. That. EVER! >:-(
>>
No. 674598 ID: 395c02
File 144388152039.png - (106.91KB , 900x600 , 51.png )
674598

>Literally every ancestor you have and some you don't have who happened to be listening in agree that you shouldn't sneak out in the morning.
I-I wasn't going to do it! I was just... musing.

>I dunno... does she has a friend? some else from you and Tyrsis? speak to them. If not, then... I cant believe i'm going to say this... Leave Tyrsis with her, i feel that he is like son to her, or at minimum a friend.
Well, she does have a few friends. Maybe I'll talk to them tomorrow.

She does kind of see Tyrsis as a son, I guess. I'd really hate to go on my awesome adventure without him, but it's not like he wants to come anyway...

>Wait, are you still planning on seeing all those underground sights like you said you were first before we head top side or just going straight up to the surface?
There's less reason to go see all the sights, but I should still take Tyrsis to see the ketzas. If I find someone to take care of Mama, he won't have to keep her company. Then he could be with his own kind.



I guess technically neither race is exactly his 'kind', but maybe we'll run into other hybrids. If not, well, he has that neat outfit now, and a few horns are way easier to hide than his feathers.

Speaking from experience there. We tried plucking him once-- we quickly learned ketzas (fluffsas?) don't wear the "naked" look nearly as well as we do.

>Hopefully, you can give her some form of surgical closure by surviving the trials and coming back rich with the agricultural / technological treasures of the surface world...
Yeah, things are tough now, but she'll be so proud of me when I return. I don't want to spend my entire life here, but this is probably where I'll eventually settle down once I've done what I set out to do. Hey, yeah! It's not like I'm not coming back!

Just wait for me, Mama!
>>
No. 674599 ID: 395c02
File 144388153340.png - (110.76KB , 900x600 , 52.png )
674599

>...Or you can break her heart wide open if you happen to die, to the point that she'll find someone else and learn to live again.
....

>It would be wrong not to say goodbye. 
But I'm not...

>No matter what, do not leave your mother without a proper farewell.
...going to die...

>What if you don't return?
...right?
>>
No. 674600 ID: 395c02
File 144388154491.png - (48.77KB , 900x600 , 53.png )
674600

>Adventuring is dark, but there's so much out there that people want. And some things that people have locked within. 
>>
No. 674601 ID: 395c02
File 144388156981.png - (394.74KB , 900x600 , 54.png )
674601

The next morning, one of Mama's close friends agrees to meet with me. She waves excitedly. "Oh! I'm so glad you arranged this meetup~!"

Nmrgn... "Huh? Oh. Yes."

"Did you sleep well~?"

"Mnfh."

"You didn't? Why no... Oh~! Were you up the entire sleep cycle thinking about my son~~? How'd the date go~~~? I need all the 'deets'~~~~!!"

I am way too tired for the level of tilde being thrown at me.
>>
No. 674602 ID: ad936f

Aw c'mon, dying isn'tthat bad, I'm dead and I feel great! Besides, everyone dies some day, and what better way to go out than following your dream? Especially if it's a dream you share with your late father.

You should probably mumble something to her about her son being hot, and about how you want to go to the surface world, or maybe just say that you don't want to be tied down, or that you're already in a committed relationship with Tyrsis. Just pick an excuse and stick to it.
>>
No. 674605 ID: f0e552

>>674601
"He said he wants to be a painter someday..."
"Make sure it happens, understand?"
>>
No. 674622 ID: 46df9e

Well he's a nice guy, but our plans for the future just seem to be at odds, so I don't think it's going to happen. Speaking of my plans for the future.
>>
No. 674626 ID: 2ccbb3

>>674601
Just ignore her for now, you have nothing good to say before you get your daily dose of tea and eggs. Speaking of which, can we see your city's farms and ranches before we leave? You should purchase supplies at the farmers' markets before you set out.
>>
No. 674628 ID: 0ed6e9

it was alright but some family maters kinda dropped during the middle of it and kinda ruined the mood. Probably for the best though. Nothing against your son but travel a bit before settling down and I hear it's better to do that kind of thing while your young.

If she ask where you plan to travel to just name some of those unground places you said you would hit and leave it at that. No need for someone else telling you that the surface is dangerous.
>>
No. 674656 ID: 0fc976

I'm not here about your ssson, I'm here about my mother... as one of her friendsss, you agree she needsss to get out more, yesss?
>>
No. 674960 ID: ea0ad9

>we quickly learned ketzas (fluffsas?) don't wear the "naked" look nearly as well as we do.
Wrinkly pink masses? Because if that's what it is, I find that to be cute, in a weird way. I identify it as a weird cuteness, not allow others to for me.

>I'm not going to die, right?
No, Kliss. With your enthusiasm, you'd be able to get out of dodge and keep going. You have the stamina and endurance to get back home or to some other shelter... The danger, here, is if once you get outside, you can't go back in. I mean, being Slissa, such a thing won't be permanent, but it'll take a while to get back through anything, right?
>Were you up the entire sleep cycle thinking about my son~~? How'd the date go~~~? I need all the 'deets'
Deets? Did somebody splice dates with beets?
Tell her the date went poorly. He got scared and you aren't budging on your plans to travel, but you didn't mean to scare him as badly as you did.
>>
No. 675129 ID: 91ee5f

>>674601
What's that~? There's not enough tilde being thrown at you~~? Don't worry~~~! I can fix that~~~~! XD
>>
No. 675140 ID: 395c02
File 144415294345.png - (224.90KB , 900x600 , 55.png )
675140

>What's that~? There's not enough tilde being thrown at you~~? Don't worry~~~! I can fix that~~~~! XD
Aaaaaaaaaaaa.

>Aw c'mon, dying isn't that bad, I'm dead and I feel great! Besides, everyone dies some day, and what better way to go out than following your dream? Especially if it's a dream you share with your late father. 
It... does make me feel a little better to think about guiding a future slissa who shares my dreams and potential hardships. I wonder if... no, I guess my father wouldn't be in there, huh?

>No, Kliss. With your enthusiasm, you'd be able to get out of dodge and keep going.
I... I can't stop now! This is my dream! I want to see the sunlight and the trees and the cute animals! Besides, I have something my poor father didn't: the guidance of my ancestors!

Woohoo...ooo...oooo.... i'm so tired

>Just ignore her for now, you have nothing good to say before you get your daily dose of tea and eggs. Speaking of which, can we see your city's farms and ranches before we leave? You should purchase supplies at the farmers' markets before you set out.
I ordered the most caffeinated thing they have. Salvation will soon come.

We don't have a farm near here-- everything's brought here from further out. But the food sector is on the way to the ketzas, so maybe we could stop by for a bit.

>I'm not here about your ssson, I'm here about my mother... as one of her friendsss, you agree she needsss to get out more, yesss?
Are you... okay? You're not one of those older slissas who go after the young ones, right?

that feeling when my own Mama might be one of those
>>
No. 675141 ID: 395c02
File 144415296410.png - (177.32KB , 900x600 , 56.png )
675141

>Wrinkly pink masses? Because if that's what it is, I find that to be cute, in a weird way. I identify it as a weird cuteness, not allow others to for me. 
Tyrsis was... something. His... I guess it's skin? is a weird mix of brown and a dark, dim blue? Stuck out like a, well, plucked ketza. I mean, even if he had scales like we do, his body just isn't the right shape to pass for a slissa. He got our neat horns, but his body is like 99% ketza shaped otherwise.

*sip*

Aah... I can feel my brain cells kicking on.
>>
No. 675142 ID: 395c02
File 144415297784.png - (316.53KB , 900x600 , 57.png )
675142

>>674628
"It went okay, and he's pretty ho-- I mean, your son's handsome, ma'am, but there were some family issues that kind of made things... awkward for him. Um. Sorry about that."

"Oh no... is that why he wouldn't tell me about it? I was hoping his silence came from infatuation. But he did admit you were cute~ Maybe you need a second date so things go smoother~~?"

>He got scared and you aren't budging on your plans to travel, but you didn't mean to scare him as badly as you did.
"I um... I don't think so. I might have scared him off."

"That's just how he acts! He's a little shy!"

>Well he's a nice guy, but our plans for the future just seem to be at odds, so I don't think it's going to happen. Speaking of my plans for the future.
"And our plans for the future are at odds with each other. He and I want completely different things."

"But... but grandchildren~"

"I know he'll find someone nice! But that person isn't me. I just can't settle down right now. I want to explore the w-- caves, and see the sights. I only just now became an adult, I'm still... uh... finding... myself?"

"Oh, so you're going to make him wait for you~ I get it now~"

"...."

"No, no, I know what you're saying. You're still young and you want to go out there and make something of yourself. Can't blame a mother for hoping though, right~?"

Well, she seems... okay? with me turning down her son? Goodness, I forgot why I asked to meet her here.
>>
No. 675144 ID: a6f013

Tell her than yes, you wanted to meet with her for a reason, you have this feeling in you, this curiosity, taking over your body, clouding your mind, and that she is the only one who could satiate that irresistible feeling... of course, I'm talking about worry, about your mom and staff. tell her directly, you want to go explore the woCAVES, and you are worried about your mom being alone.
>>
No. 675148 ID: 0ed6e9

well if you want to make things up to her son after kinda scaring him and then having your mom drag him into a family thing you could tell her about that spot you and Tyrsis looked at the city last night(?) Her kid did say he was a painter and both you and Tyrsis agreed that was a good view of the city. Think of it as a apology to the kid and also a way to butter up his mom so when you ask her to look out after your mom she's more likely to agree.
>>
No. 675154 ID: 2a7417

To recruit her for your adventure! Maybe she'll do it as a favor for her bessst friend.
>>
No. 675181 ID: 149da0

>Are you... okay? You're not one of those older slissas who go after the young ones, right?
Technically wouldn't anyone alive for us to flirt with be young, comparatively?

>Well, she seems... okay? with me turning down her son?
This is why breakups aren't usually done by proxy.

>Goodness, I forgot why I asked to meet her here.
Your mum. You wanted to talk to your mother's friends about her since you'll be traveling and you want her to be okay.
>>
No. 675187 ID: 844bfd

Maybe we can organize some kind of party to make sure your mother knows that she won't be alone, and that when we say we are going to come back we mean it?
>>
No. 675191 ID: 2ccbb3

Well, you need to talk to experienced people to fund your little cave expedition

And she was the only person outside your normal circle that you could think of.

Ask her if she knows anyone who would be willing to dig for gem veins out in the uncharted areas. You'd also like advice from anyone about what to do in adventuring situations. A guidebook, maybe?
>>
No. 675278 ID: 91ee5f

>>675142
You wanted to meet her to ask her to keep your mom company while you're traveling, so that your mom doesn't get lonely.

Also, just to be funny, I'm going to randomly make this noise at you: "Speep."
>>
No. 675888 ID: 395c02
File 144452547887.png - (362.64KB , 900x600 , 58.png )
675888

>well if you want to make things up to her son after kinda scaring him and then having your mom drag him into a family thing you could tell her about that spot you and Tyrsis looked at the city last night(?) Her kid did say he was a painter and both you and Tyrsis agreed that was a good view of the city. Think of it as a apology to the kid and also a way to butter up his mom so when you ask her to look out after your mom she's more likely to agree.
I don't want to lead the poor boy on, but I can at least offer the advice to him by proxy. "By the way, if-- when your son finds someone he wants to date, I recommend the 4th road. It leads up to an excellent view of the entire town, and I'm uh, told it's very romantic. Maybe he could even paint a picture!"

"I think he's already been up there, but I'll let him know~"


>To recruit her for your adventure! Maybe she'll do it as a favor for her bessst friend.
I'm pretty sure she wouldn't be down for that! Besides, recruiting people willy-nilly would result in my adventure progressing more slowly!

>Technically wouldn't anyone alive for us to flirt with be young, comparatively? 
Oh... I guess that's true!

>Maybe we can organize some kind of party to make sure your mother knows that she won't be alone, and that when we say we are going to come back we mean it?
We just had my hatchingday party, spending most of the day doing fun things, so I think we're all partied out at this point.

>Tell her than yes, you wanted to meet with her for a reason, you have this feeling in you, this curiosity, taking over your body, clouding your mind, and that she is the only one who could satiate that irresistible feeling...
....

>of course, I'm talking about--
Gonna stop you there! Moving on!

>You wanted to talk to your mother's friends about her since you'll be traveling and you want her to be okay.
"Actually, the real reason I asked to meet is... while I'm gone seeing the sights, I don't want Mama to get lonely. I was wondering if you'd be willing to look out for her?"

"Well of course, sweety~ In truth, we all kind of knew you'd be leaving the nest soon. Your mother always insisted you could be convinced to stay, but we all saw how your eyes would light up whenever we mentioned the places we'd go visit, or on the rare occasion we'd bring up..."
>>
No. 675889 ID: 395c02
File 144452549897.png - (95.47KB , 900x600 , 59.png )
675889

"...The outside world?"

!?

"I was supposed to come up with some way to talk you out of going, but what can I say that Kyra hasn't? Besides, I made a promise to your father that I would let nothing stop you from living your dream. And, well... who am I to judge if your dream is the same as his? Just please, promise me you'll be careful. Kyra won't be able to handle losing you both. Don't worry-- me and the girls will look after her. She has her eyes on someone and we're looking to play matchmaker. And if that doesn't work, well... we've got plenty of hot slissa boys in mind to keep her company~"

"i feel it is in my best interest to not ask for details"

"Hehee~ Now, go on. You have to get ready. Leave her to us~"

"R-right, thanks for understanding."

"Oh, I can't pretend to understand~ I just know your return will help her overcome her hatred of the upper world. Who knows, maybe you'll find a way to fell the Great Beast, and then we can all go see what the fuss is about~"

I really hope all this foreshadowing doesn't lead up to me running into that thing. It would be the destroyer of tildes everywhere.
>>
No. 675890 ID: 395c02
File 144452551448.png - (159.51KB , 900x1724 , 60.png )
675890

All right, I guess! They are going to take care of Mama, and Mama will take care of Tyrsis (if he decides to stay here)! Now I can focus on my plans!

>Well, you need to talk to experienced people to fund your little cave expedition
No need! I've been saving up for ages! It's time for everyone's favorite mechanic, the INVENTORY SYSTEM! I've looked around the nearby stores and noted everything that looks important. But my STRANGELY ROOMY BACKPACK, roomy as it is, can only fit so much. I'll be heading back to grab it before I go shopping, so let's pretend I already have it with me.

I actually have no idea what I absolutely need for the outside world, but surely some of you lived far back enough to have seen it? What should I go buy? Is there anything not shown that I should be on the lookout for? Tyrsis is capable of creating FIRE and ICE with his magic, but he'd require buying 2 of most things.

Or maybe I shouldn't assume he'll be coming with me...


>"Speep."
The sound Tyrsis makes? It sure would be awkward if it turns out normal ketzas don't actually say that! Ahahaha....

W-whoa, what's this feeling of eternal sadness? I was just joking! They probably say that!
>>
No. 675892 ID: ad936f

I'm an expert on the outside world, all you need is rope and food! LOTS AND LOTS OF ROPE. And food.
>>
No. 675899 ID: f0e552
File 144452709662.jpg - (135.46KB , 900x594 , diablo 2 inventory system.jpg )
675899

haha of course we're purchasing everything.

red items are the items which we must buy if Tsyris comes along, if he isn't just buy some cloth for bandages.

Give suggestions to what should be removed or put in, as the guy above said, we need more rope? Eh, what's gonna happen to a single bundle of rope that we would need another? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anyways, most of this stuff can be combined and used in various ways, look! You can even carve Elbereth onto the ground with the real knife to make sure you are safe at night.

You can use items like the pot and the heater to gather water to add to your canteens in case they run out, and the icebox will be your friend cause you dont want your food to spoil.

Everything else is utility for most situations you may find yourself in. Good luck muchachos.
>>
No. 675903 ID: 0ed6e9

try and get the tent. A sleeping bag would be good enough if your just staying underground but up top the surface has actual weather like rain and wind so having a decent shelter makes living up there much easier... how many people can one of those fit by the way? Is it a one person tent or can you squeeze two in there? I'm asking so I know whether or not we need two if we bring Tyrsis because if you both can fit in one then that saves you room for more thing to store in roomy.

Other things I'd say you'd need is the water canteen, rope, the first aid kit, a real knife, the direction pointer, and a few rations.

Depending whether or not Tyrsis is coming would depend on what else I'd recommend getting but I'm debating whether or not we should grab a hammer or a pickax as a form of protection. I know you have the knife but you said yourself you don't know how to fight but I'm guessing you have swung a pickax and a hammer before so if it did come down to a fight at least you'd actually know how to use those.
>>
No. 675907 ID: ad936f

>>675899
Ditch the second sleeping bag. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Also ditch the hammer and/or the pickaxe. Buy more rope and more rations. If Tyrsis comes then he can carry the tent.
>>
No. 675909 ID: 5ad4a7

>>675899
Can Tsyris carry things? If he can just carry the tent and another bundle of rope, we're ready. Oh, the direction pointer and far seeing implement would be useful too.
>>
No. 675910 ID: 2ccbb3
File 144452939138.png - (112.78KB , 900x600 , Mining Trip.png )
675910

>>675890
Okay, this costs 678 gems and is designed for mining.
>>
No. 675917 ID: ad936f

>>675910
but we aren't going mining
>>
No. 675918 ID: 2ccbb3

>>675917
Step 1: Make more money.
Step 2: Hire a team of specialists.
Step 3: Fight your way through the elements of the underworld to the surface.

Basically, prove to Kyra that Adventure /= Death. Then use the cash from mining a gem vein for assets and manpower to bring your chances of survival from slim to good.
>>
No. 675926 ID: f0e552

>>675917
>>
No. 675927 ID: 86a3ae

wait... is the 1 month on the rations how long they last eating them, or the expiration date? I dont believe that that small amount of food is worth one month of nutrition, and we dont need to go to the surface for months at a time. 1 Month can be a good time to explore and get used to the surface, then come back and prepare a longer expedition. You wold also make your mother worry less.

TL;DR, the icebox is useless, carry more food.
>>
No. 675928 ID: 2ccbb3

>>675926
Fine, ditch the hammer and one of the pickaxes and get some more water or a sleeping bag. Whatever.
>>
No. 675932 ID: 5ad4a7

>>675927
This is a good point. ...unless we get trapped up there somehow.
>>
No. 675934 ID: ea0ad9

>It would be the destroyer of tildes everywhere.
Oh no~ I love my tildes~ What ever would I do without them~

Seriously what's bad about killing tildes? I'd think that's a good thing.
>Real Knife
You played it didn't you. You monster.
>>
No. 675935 ID: c43722

Important note about the ice box for y'all: It runs on ice magic, meaning that if Tyrsis isn't along to juice it up with his magic it'll probably run out of charge long before recouping its value in preserving food, making it dead weight.

I strongly suggest bringing along a sewing kit of some kind to repair any rips in your pack or other fabric items you bring since there's a good chance they'll get damaged in some way at some point. You don't want to get a tear in your pack, sleeping bag or tent and have no way to fix it, now do you? Make sure to get a kit that includes both lighter and heavier gauge needles and thread; The latter is for making good, sturdy repairs to your heavier cloth and leather items.

Can you get your hands on a pair of flush fitting goggles with smoked glass lenses? Something like a pair of welder's goggles with less tint? I ask 'cause your eyes are likely well adapted to the low light conditions down here relative to that of the sunlit surface, which means you'll probably be blinded up there during the day anywhere that isn't well shaded. Wearing something like this will allow you to see during the day for however long it takes until your eyes adjust to the sunlight.
>>
No. 675936 ID: 5ad4a7

Oh! How much can the ice box carry? Considering it holds food, then some of its room is actually being used to hold food that would otherwise take up more room... so it's effectively smaller than it looks.
>>
No. 676142 ID: 91ee5f

>What to buy?
Get the First Aid Kit. First Aid is always important!

>Normal ketzas don't actually say that!
Oh.....I see.....
*sniff* WAAAAAH!!!!! DX
>>
No. 676148 ID: 2a7417
File 144467954750.png - (161.53KB , 900x604 , KNIFE HAAAAANDS.png )
676148

Inputting secret inventory cheat code to unlock superhero ending...

Total cost: 929 gems, several confused looks from the shopkeeper.
>>
No. 676451 ID: 395c02
File 144485294506.png - (118.38KB , 900x600 , 61.png )
676451

Goodness! That's... quite an inventory setup you've got there!

What am I going to do with that many knives??

>wait... is the 1 month on the rations how long they last eating them, or the expiration date?
Oh! Sorry I didn't clarify! It would take about TWO WEEKS to eat a ration if Tyrsis comes along, and a full month if it's just me. By default, rations stay good for about ONE MONTH.

While it might seem silly to use the ICE BOX in that situation, keep in mind that it allows me to bring rations and then not immediately eat them! I didn't read the FINE PRINT before, but apparently the ICE BOX will store an UNOPENED RATION for up to SIX MONTHS. You'd think they'd start with that. It would also stop any food I find/hunt outside from going bad as quickly!

Of course, the ICE BOX is big, heavy, and requires a CONSTANT SUPPLY OF ICE, usually by the use of ICE MAGIC. Sadly, I and all slissas are incapable of using magic. Really, the things are intended for use in the home, where the ICE LIZARD comes by every now and then with some imported ice.

So by myself, the ICE BOX is useless. But if Tyrsis comes, he can conjure ice out of water!

>Oh! How much can the ice box carry?
Technically eight rations, but with the required ice its capacity drops to SIX RATIONS.

>1 Month can be a good time to explore and get used to the surface, then come back and prepare a longer expedition.
You might be right. I don't have to explore the world in one go, so spending a month getting to know the surrounding area could be a better use of my time and funds. Man, who'd have thought this one item would cause so much pondering!

Of course, I'd have to pay for extra tickets on the CARAVAN to make my way back home. It costs 50 gems per person (100 for me + Tyrsis) to make a trip that long. I already bought the tickets heading out, though!
>>
No. 676452 ID: 395c02
File 144485297722.png - (271.92KB , 900x600 , 62.png )
676452

>>675918
Um... I don't really want to spend a large chunk of my adult life slowly building up a mining company. And the outside is not too far from where the CARAVAN ends, so I don't actually have to... fight? my way there? There's a gate and stuff but, I mean, they let my dad out so it can't be that hard to get through it.

There are lots of gems around, but because there's so many of them, 99% of them are kind of worthless. Glowgems are worth a good bit, but they only appear in very specific conditions and are nearly impossible to find naturally outside specific, highly-contested areas. The gems we use for currency are more a promise of value, rather than an intrinsic one.

Besides, the story would be kind of boring if it turned into me running a mining business, wouldn't it?

>We're not going mining
True! Still, a PICKAXE could be useful in some situations, since there's no civilization out there to sell me what I need, or build what needs building.

>Can Tsyris carry things?
Of course! His backpack is larger than mine, so we'd have all the room if he came too. He'd also have ICE and FIRE magic, so I wouldn't need the HEATING ELEMENT or FIRE STARTER. In general it'd be much more convenient with him around!
>>
No. 676453 ID: 395c02
File 144485299393.png - (179.54KB , 900x600 , 63.png )
676453

...But I can't assume he'll want to come, right?

I mean... his mother told me he was very sad and depressed before we became besties, and when I'm not around he's still somewhat quiet and downtrodden. He never feels like he fits in, and even if I take him to the ketzas... what if he doesn't fit in there, either?

Maybe I should try to convince him to come. I want to respect his wishes, but... I think he needs me. He needs a friend.

Or am I just thinking of myself? Maybe I'm the one who doesn't want to be lonely.

Tyrsis... what should I do with you?
>>
No. 676454 ID: 395c02
File 144485301537.png - (91.74KB , 900x600 , 64.png )
676454

>Ditch the second sleeping bag. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 
That's... not quite what I meant.

Whatever-- I should try to keep positive and focus on one thing at a time.

>>675935
Apparently both of these things are also being sold! I haven't gone shopping yet, so it's not too late to figure out an inventory that includes these options.

But I should FINALIZE MY CHOICES, since it's about time to get going!
>>
No. 676475 ID: 0ed6e9

>>676453
at least ask the guy. Hell, if nothing else at least take him on your underground journey and maybe build his confidence up a little bit, or at least give him something to focus on other then mopping around. Plus if he get's sad when you're not there don't you think he'd like to come with to be with you then?
>>
No. 676490 ID: ad936f

>>676453
Make him your wife.

>>675899
This, but minus one sleeping bag and plus the cloth repair kit, goggles, and a tent.
>>
No. 676510 ID: 2ccbb3
File 144486504043.png - (119.48KB , 900x600 , Beginner's Delve.png )
676510

I don't think you should push Tsyris. He doesn't want to go any less than your mother wants you to leave.

However, tell him that if he DOES want to follow you, he should bring an ice box, enough food and water for five months, and his own sleeping bag. You'll leave him your remaining allowance either way as a farewell present.

And a toothbrush. (In case you don't know, there's an implement dedicated to ensuring less holes in your teeth, but you need fresh water with a special ingredient to make it work effectively. If you don't have any, just remember to gargle and pretend-"chew" your water before swallowing and run some string between them every once in a while; otherwise, your teeth could break or even fall out!)

So, here's my new loadout schematic. If Tsyris doesn't come, then you won't be able to use your ice box, which means that you'll only have enough rations for a month before they spoil. Still, bring enough rations for two months just in case something happens to the first one. Also, bring lots of water, you'll need it.

If you can't wear goggles on your head all the time, just equip the pickaxe to save room.

Good luck, Kliss!
>>
No. 676581 ID: d4cfd6

...I'm slightly disappointed none of the backpack suggestions updated the gem count to be correct after buying those supplies. :V

>>676453
You should talk to him, at the very least.
>>
No. 676583 ID: 2ccbb3

>>676581
I REALLY didn't want to re-update the cost every time I modified the loadout. At least I counted the gem cost of the Mining Trip loadout.
>>
No. 676610 ID: f0e552

>>676510
>>676510
Why would we need a cloth repair kit if we have no cloth?

We need to replace some of this stuff with a REAL KNIFE (finally.) Not for stabbing, but for practical uses, a knife is really useful.
>>
No. 676620 ID: 2ccbb3

>>676610
We have cloth: the sleeping bag, the tent, etc. Kliss can equip a knife if you feel that she should buy one.
>>
No. 676646 ID: 91ee5f

>>676454
>FINALIZE MY CHOICES.

Perhaps you didn't hear me earlier? Well, I'm going to have to yell at you to make sure that you hear me this time, and it's probably going to hurt your ears. I'm sorry, but I have to make sure you get something very important for when you get hurt.
*deep breath*
FIRST AID KIT!!!!! FIRST AID KIT!!!!! FIRST AID KIT!!!!! FIRST AID KIT!!!!! FIRST AID KIT!!!!! FIRST AID KIT!!!!! FIRST AID KIT!!!!! FIRST AID KIT!!!!! FIRST AID KIT!!!!! FIRST AID KIT!!!!!


I'm sorry. Please forgive me for yelling at you, speep. :,-(
>>
No. 676727 ID: 85249f

We should get:
>1x Tyrsis
>1x icebox, 6x rations
>2x knife
>2x canteen
>3x rope
>1x tent
>2x sleeping bag
>2x lantern
>1x first aid kit
>2x goggles
>1x pot
>1x pickaxe
>1x compass
>1x binoculars
>1x hammer
Tyrsis carries one of every redundant item, along with the icebox and the hammer. I'm not even going to bother with the inventory-tetris because it should only use about 3/4 of your backpack's capacity.
>>
No. 676902 ID: ec0bf5

Don't forget, it can get really cold on the surface, and you might end up having to share a sleeping bag with Tyrsis even if you DO have two of them, just to keep warm. He might start conveniently failing to make fire and everything. Are slissas warm-blooded?
>>
No. 677977 ID: 395c02
File 144528653680.png - (125.55KB , 900x600 , 65.png )
677977

Okay! Since this is now a one-month test trip, I've filled my inventory appropriately! I even have an extra space in case I find a neat rock or something!

I equip the LIGHT REDUCTION GOGGLES in my HEAD EQUIPMENT SLOT THAT WAS ALWAYS THERE.

Some of the items were sold out, so I had to find similar items of a different brand. If anything looks different or the numbers don't add up that's totally the one and only reason for it.

>Are slissas warm-blooded?
Did... did we not used to be? How old is this thing??
>>
No. 677978 ID: 395c02
File 144528655361.png - (339.88KB , 900x600 , 66.png )
677978

"So uh, slight change of plans."

"We're not going anywhere and are having ice-cream instead??" Tyrsis asks hopefully.

"Uh... somewhere between my old plan and that plan. I'm going to try spending just ONE MONTH outside, rather than taking the entire dive at once."

"why'd you emphasize those two words j-just one month?"

"Yeah. So, um... if spending a month outside with me scares you less than spending a bunch of years out there, um, here's a list of things that I'd recommend you go get."

"But I don't have..."

"Shhh shhhhh. Here's 400 gems. That should cover it. If you decide to do that. You don't have to decide now, just go and think about it! I'll meet you at the CARAVAN!"

"seriously it's weird when you shout random words i mean... um... okay..."

PARTIAL SUCCESS.
>>
No. 677979 ID: 395c02
File 144528656679.png - (158.04KB , 900x600 , 67.png )
677979

"Only a month...?"

"Yeah! I'll come back then, and you'll see that outside isn't a death trap!"

"You say that, but..."
>>
No. 677980 ID: 395c02
File 144528658140.png - (176.55KB , 900x600 , 68.png )
677980

"...One month is how long he was going to be gone, too..."

THESE CONSTANT COINCIDENCES ARE KILLING ME.

She sighs. "I really need to call someone about the cracks that keep forming in that wall..."

"LOOK OKAY I'M GOING TO GO AND THEN COME BACK AND YOU'RE GOING TO BE AMAZED. THAT IS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN"

"I... i-is there anything you'd like me to do for you before you leave? Let Mama coddle you, just one last time."

Something I'd want her to do? Uhh....
>>
No. 677983 ID: 0ed6e9

something she can do is while you're gone actually go out and hang out with friends and not coup herself in her house and mope the whole time. Also yes, give her hug before you go.
>>
No. 678000 ID: 025c3c

>>677980
I want you to believe mama! If you keep thinking something bad is gonna happen, you're gonna make it happen!

I won't be gone long and the ancestors will watch over me!
>>
No. 678006 ID: e53226

>Something I'd want her to do? Uhh....
I know what you're thinking so stop it and get your mind out of the gutter
>>
No. 678102 ID: 90f3c0

Tell her you just want her to promise that she will try to be happy, rather than sitting around worrying about you all the time. Give her a hug. Then, in a more light-hearted tone, tell her you want her to prepare your favorite meal before you leave.
>>
No. 678105 ID: 2ccbb3

You want a little sister.

It's not that scandalous if the daughter is the one responsible.
>>
No. 678113 ID: 945fb0

>>677980
...those cracks in the floor concern me. Like seriously how has there not been a cave in? I mean it would be tragically ironic if you came back and your Mom died in a cave in.
>>
No. 678135 ID: f0e552

>>677980
give her a hug while she coddles you
>>
No. 678191 ID: 8371c4

a hug
>>
No. 678197 ID: 65f78c

>>678102
pretty much
>>
No. 678265 ID: ec0bf5

Tell her that the voices in your necklace are promising that they'll keep you safe. Surely she'll recognize that that's meaningful and won't assume you've gone mad. It's going to be fiiine. Though a hug and a little food wouldn't hurt.
>>
No. 678531 ID: 91ee5f

>>677980
These cracks have appeared before, speep?!?! That's it! Tell her to move to a different house while you're gone! That way when you come back, she won't be injured or dead from the wall falling on top of her, speep!

And I agree with everyone else, ask for your favorite meal and a hug before you leave, speep!
>>
No. 678535 ID: 46df9e

Why didn't you tell use your home was on a drama fault. Your mom needs to move; drama faults can be unbelievably dangerous when combined with empty nest syndrome. Combined with your risk of death you could be looking at a total lose of her homes structural integrity.
>>
No. 679378 ID: 395c02
File 144582142323.png - (160.02KB , 900x600 , 69.png )
679378

"Believe in me, Mama!"

"i was thinking more a cup of coffee or a hug"

"No, this is what's important! I need to know you'll be okay. Don't lock yourself up in here being sad! Go and hang out with your friends!"

"I- I can't--"

"Don't worry about me! Our ancestors are watching me, guiding me through the necklace you gave me!"

"what"

"I know, with their advice, I'll be totally fine!"

"you actually hear voices? i'm even more worried now"

"My necklace said it'll be fine, so it'll be fine! Please. We can't keep having sad scenes like this. Go out, be happy."
>>
No. 679379 ID: 395c02
File 144582143937.png - (131.48KB , 900x600 , 70.png )
679379

"Maybe see that guy you like."

"?!?!?!"

"After all, it would be nice to have a little sister~"

"You--!!!"

"--GOT IT? GREAT! IT'S A DEAL."

"THAT IS NOT WHAT I MEANT OH MY GOD YOU'RE MY DAUGHTER"

"WHICH IS WHY YOU GOTTA DO IT YOUR OWN CHILD WISHES IT SO"

"FINE I'LL GO CONFESS MY FEELINGS AND HE'LL TURN ME DOWN OR CALL ME CRAZY OR SOMETHING BUT I'LL DO IT."
>>
No. 679380 ID: 395c02
File 144582145250.png - (140.29KB , 900x600 , 71.png )
679380

I hug her! "It's a promise~!"

"Wait-- I wasn't--"

"No takesie backsies."

"Shit."

VICTORY. wait did mama actually swear in front of me

Her expression softens. "Fine. Promise me you'll be back in a month. Promise me you'll take care of yourself. And promise me you'll protect Tyrsis if he ends up going with you."

"Of course. I promise."

"...Make your father proud."
>>
No. 679381 ID: 395c02
File 144582146633.png - (195.43KB , 900x600 , 72.png )
679381

All right, just in time for boarding! But... where's Tyrsis?

He's a big semi-ketza you'd think he'd stand out more. Maybe I should try to stand out so he can see me?
>>
No. 679383 ID: ec0bf5

Strike a pose! Announce your awesome adventurous intent with all the energy in your heart! That'll get him to show up.
>>
No. 679384 ID: 5ad4a7

>>679381
That little shit better not be standing you up. Go ask one of the caravaneers if he's already boarded or if they saw him at all.
>>
No. 679385 ID: 54bb7f

>>679381
I bet he's on his way I mean why would he aba-

Wait are those lizards riding lizards...?
>>
No. 679386 ID: 0fc976

Put on that costume from the dinner date.
>>
No. 679387 ID: 0ed6e9

ask around, I mean you're right that he stands out so if he's around someone is bound to have seen him.
>>
No. 679390 ID: 5c18d5

Maybe he went ahead of you? Or he is still indecisive about this.
>>
No. 679393 ID: 2ccbb3

A one-month trip. You don't need Tyrsis, so don't force him to risk his life out on the frontier.

Ask the merchants if they have some scratch paper and a spare pen. You didn't buy any maps, so you should learn how to draw them.

Also ask how long the journey will take. You need to plan things out so that you know where to break off from the merchants.
>>
No. 679422 ID: f0e552

>>679386
mmmmmmhmmmmmm
>>
No. 679479 ID: ea0ad9

>>679379
>>679380
Oh my god I love how expressive you guys can be.
>He's a big semi-ketza you'd think he'd stand out more.
Unless he's hiding or didn't come. There's not much you can do if he doesn't want to come, not without being rude. Hopefully he's just running late or hiding inside already though.
>>
No. 679758 ID: 12b273

>>679380
Flawless victory.

>>679381
He, he has to show up, right? What good is an adventure alone?

Maybe he's inside one of the carriages already? Maybe he's coming up behind you?
>>
No. 680036 ID: 91ee5f

>>679381
If he's not coming with you, the least he could do is come say goodbye! That not too much to ask of him, right? The fact that he's still not here to at least do that makes me sad, speep. :,-(
>>
No. 680368 ID: 395c02
File 144631948455.png - (265.36KB , 900x600 , 73.png )
680368

>Put on that costume from the dinner date.
I left it at home!

>That little shit better not be standing you up. Go ask one of the caravaneers if he's already boarded or if they saw him at all.
He wouldn't do that! He's always there before I am! He's always really eager whenever we're about to go somewhere.

...Except this time...

"Excuse me, have you seen a um, ketza around? Did they board?"

"No ma'am, Ketzas don't come this deep into the cave often, so I'd definitely notice if one had boarded!"

>Ask the merchants if they have some scratch paper and a spare pen.
"Oh. Um, do you have any writing supplies?"

"Technically? But I need them for record keeping. Well, we might have some to spare. Hang on, I'll be right back."

"Okay, thanks..."

>Unless he's hiding or didn't come. There's not much you can do if he doesn't want to come, not without being rude.
Why would he not come? Of course he'll come!

>>I bet he's on his way I mean why would he aba- 
aaaa stooop
>>
No. 680369 ID: 395c02
File 144631950201.png - (173.19KB , 900x600 , 74.png )
680369

>Wait are those lizards riding lizards...?
Those are slissas riding dumb plessera. Why would you ask such a specist-- are some of you ketzas? I could swear I heard speeping.

Hmm.

>The fact that he's still not here to at least do that makes me sad, speep. :,-(
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

>He, he has to show up, right? What good is an adventure alone? 
I always knew there'd be a chance I'd go it alone. I'm... I'm fine with that.

>Maybe he's coming up behind you?
Surely! He wouldn't let me leave without a goodbye hug! He wouldn't ditch me! He wouldn't...
>>
No. 680370 ID: 395c02
File 144631951926.png - (124.82KB , 900x600 , 75.png )
680370

...He did, didn't he...

T-that jerk...

"um--"
>>
No. 680371 ID: 395c02
File 144631953207.png - (284.78KB , 900x600 , 76.png )
680371

!?!?!?!?

"hi sorry i'm late i had trouble finding a thing i didn't mean to worry you"

WHY DIDN'T I ACTUALLY LOOK BEHIND ME WHEN IT WAS SUGGESTED EARLIER???

Oh no. He saw you doubting him, didn't he. Okay. You got this, Kliss. Just calmly explain that while you were a little worried, deep down you had complete faith in him.

"Me?! Worried?! No way! Hahaha! I wasn't starting to think you ditched me! Without even saying goodbye! That's silly! You're silly!"

i'm such a terrible friend

"Y-you thought I was going to--"

"--OF COURSE NOT. BEST FRIEND. PAL. BUDDY. YOU'RE HERE LIKE I EXPECTED. Wait-- you have a backpack. does that mean you decided to come with me?"

"you seem awfully flustered... T-that depends... you promise nothing bad will happen, right? And it's only for a month?"

Um... Can I promise that?
>>
No. 680373 ID: ad936f

I mean, you never know for certain, anything could happen. But, yes, that's the idea.
>>
No. 680375 ID: ec0bf5

Well, bad stuff happens all the time, you can't prevent that. But you can promise that you'll protect him, and that you'll make sure to be careful.

Also, we can be the ones to promise nothing bad will happen! Then when it inevitably does he won't be mad at you!
>>
No. 680380 ID: 12b273

>Why would you ask such a specist-- are some of you ketzas? I could swear I heard speeping.
Speep!

Congrats on your mixed ancestry. Maybe. (I mean if it happened enough generations ago it's not like there'd be much ketza left).

>T-that depends... you promise nothing bad will happen, right? And it's only for a month?
I promise I won't let anything bad happen, and we'll be back in a month. We'll reconsider if we want to keep going after that.
>>
No. 680385 ID: 5ad4a7

>>680371
It's an adventure! Bad comes with good. It's our/your job to minimize the bad.
>>
No. 680398 ID: 2ccbb3

>>680368
Nice. Now that I think of it, in addition to maps, we can show you images of different concepts, and then you can write them on the paper as best you can. That way, we can share various ideas with the party using a schematic standard.

>>680369
Sorry, we just wanted to be sure. Some assholes do that to their own people.

Can you give us a rundown on plesseras? I've seen pictures of an animal similar to plesseras, but they don't usually grow to this size. Domestication tips might also be useful in the future.

>>680371
That's your intention! Now it's time go GET THIS ADVENTURE ON THE ROAD ALREADY!!!
>>
No. 680399 ID: 1d7e9c

Tell him you'll try to avoid anything bad that comes your way, but stuff like nature is kinda out of your hands.
>>
No. 680404 ID: 0ed6e9

why are you blushing?~

>you promise nothing bad will happen
I can promise that we'll never face anything bad alone. Also give him a hug and thank him for coming with, then find some good seats before the caravan leaves you behind.
>>
No. 680415 ID: ca183f

>>679385
>lizards riding lizards
Oh no, it's almost like if mammals rode mammals! speep.
>>
No. 680469 ID: dbe554

Oh you had to mention the Ketza raised. Some of them were raised by them and they kinda..took their traits a bit, now we're going to hear that infernal peeping all day.

Regardless calm down, you are worrying him with your shouting self.
>>
No. 680472 ID: 91ee5f

>>680371
He's here! He's here! I'm so happy, speep! ^_^

>>680369
>Are some of you ketzas? I could swear I heard speeping.

O_O

Uh.....*innocent whistling*

..........speep.
>>
No. 680478 ID: 91ee5f

>>680469
>Ketza raised.

Yep, this guy's right, speep. I was adopted by Ketzas, and because I was around them my whole life, I started to speep like them.

I always thought I was the only one, speep! But now, after hearing all of the speeping going on in here, I'm just happy to know that I'm not the only Ketza raised Slissa in here, speep! XD
>>
No. 680541 ID: ad936f

STOP THAT INFERNAL SPEEPING THIS INSTANT! Back in my day we would've beaten your ass if we heard you saying "speep". To think I share a descendant with you idiots. Anyway, stop that adorable blushing and head out with your boyfriend-to-be. You know what? Just kiss him. Right on the face. Right goddamn now. I want great great great great great great grandkids god damn it!
>>
No. 680552 ID: ea0ad9

>I could swear I heard speeping.
Actually I never really learned much about the two species. Is Speeping just, like... An instinctive noise they make, like how some reptilian critters might make a slight hiss while flicking their tongues out?
>T-that depends... you promise nothing bad will happen, right? And it's only for a month?
You can promise that at the first sign that things will go bad you'll back away.
>>
No. 680553 ID: 0fc976

Unexpected things will happen, of course. It's an adventure! But we do promise it'll only be a month, nothing more.
>>
No. 680563 ID: 288345

Fucking hug him BY THE ANCESTORS HUG HIM
>>
No. 680575 ID: df7b08

At least is good to know that I wasn't the only one here that wasn't raised by Ketzas, I felt lonely for a moment...

Well, We can't promise that nothing bad will happen, But we can promise that We will try to help him if he needs it. And that if possible we'll come back in a month. Also stop Shouting, I'm pretty sure you already got the attention of the entire caravan.
>>
No. 681566 ID: 30c34d

i mean it is possible some of your ancestors has had scandalous affairs with ketzas. >.>
not going to deny or confirm this
>>
No. 681628 ID: 42ae3d

Of course some of us are ketzas.

You didn't think all of your ancestors were slissas, did you?
>>
No. 681781 ID: 395c02
File 144680525391.gif - (91.41KB , 900x600 , 77.gif )
681781

>Of course some of us are ketzas.  You didn't think all of your ancestors were slissas, did you?
>i mean it is possible some of your ancestors has had scandalous affairs with ketzas. >.> 
>He's here! He's here! I'm so happy, speep! ^_^ 
>speep
>Speep
>Speep!!!
>>
No. 681782 ID: 395c02
File 144680528308.png - (114.49KB , 900x600 , 78.png )
681782

Wait, that can't be right. If I was part ketza, even just a little bit, I'd be able to use magic! Tyrsis is a hybrid and he can use magic! But... nope, nothing's happening.

>Oh you had to mention the Ketza raised.
Does this mean that before the ketzas were forced underground and enslaved slissas, our races-- oh. Oh dear, I see what you're saying now.

Well, don't worry! We're no longer enslaved! But you probably knew that!

>Back in my day we would've beaten your ass if we heard you saying "speep". To think I share a descendant with you idiots. Anyway, stop that adorable blushing and head out with your boyfriend-to-be. You know what? Just kiss...
Now now, try to get along. You guys-- wait, right! Tyrsis! My dear friend! I shouldn't ignore him!
>>
No. 681783 ID: 395c02
File 144680531358.png - (193.93KB , 900x600 , 79.png )
681783

"Well, what I can promise is that we'll be careful, and we'll run away at the first sign of danger and come right back inside. Okay?"

"Um..."

"Don't worry so much. Any troubles we run into, we'll be facing together. And no matter what happens, I'll keep you safe."

"Y-you will?"

"I promise." I give him a big hug!

"Er... um... Okay, I-I'll go with you!"

BOYFR BEST FRIEND TYRSIS HAS JOINED THE PARTY!

>Now it's time go GET THIS ADVENTURE ON THE ROAD ALREADY!!!
After getting some WRITING SUPPLIES from the friendly slissa (I put them in my backpacks SIDE POCKET IT ALWAYS HAD), we flash our tickets and board!!

She looked at Tyrsis oddly...
>>
No. 681784 ID: 395c02
File 144680534996.png - (177.90KB , 900x600 , 80.png )
681784

...In fact, everyone seems to be staring at Tyrsis. I... I hope this doesn't give him cold feet.
>>
No. 681785 ID: 5ad4a7

>>681784
Ask them if they've ever seen a Ketza before.
>>
No. 681807 ID: 0ed6e9

>>681784
"what?"

they're probably just assholes or something. Ask them what are they looking at and they'll probably look anywhere but at the two of you can if you ignore them until you get off they'll most likely do the same.
>>
No. 681808 ID: ad936f

Just ignore them, they can stare all they want.
>>
No. 681810 ID: f0e552

>>681784
Try to get to a seat out of the way

Hastily apologize and explain that we didn't think this would happen. That disguise is meant to be FLAWLESS
>>
No. 681811 ID: 314e1a

>>681784
Ask them if they've ever seen a cowboy before.
>>
No. 681822 ID: 395c02

>Wait, that can't be right. If I was part ketza, even just a little bit, I'd be able to use magic! Tyrsis is a hybrid and he can use magic!
Tyrsis is, like, a first-generation hybrid, right? So half of him is ketza? Whereas you'd be only a teeny tiny little bit ketza. Probably not enough of you is magic for it to have any noticeable effect at all!

>In fact, everyone seems to be staring at Tyrsis.
That's odd. Surely at least some of these people have at least seen him around before, and he's not that ostracized... right?

Well, uh, my recommendation is that you play the "overly-possessive/protective/possibly completely unhinged girlfriend" route, even if you don't actually see him that way. You can pull that off, right? No one will want to be on your bad side if they think you're going to tear their throat out, and I get the feeling it might make Tyrsis feel a little better for some reason.
>>
No. 681824 ID: 46df9e

Don't worry they just think you're a cute couple out for a romantic ride. They can't help but think about how scandalous you two look as a couple.
>>
No. 681833 ID: ec0bf5

So, reasons that he might seem unusual to them include: they can tell he's a hybrid, they think you two are lovers after how adorable and huggy you guys were getting, or he's wearing a ridiculous outfit. I assume people don't act like this usually, so it's probably not the first one, and while interspecies romance might be unusual in your society it probably isn't weird enough to warrant unanimous constant staring. Therefore, we can conclude that Tyrsis' attempts to be less conspicuous by hiding his horns have instead backfired and made him way more conspicuous. The fact that you look a little silly too doesn't help.
>>
No. 681834 ID: 8371c4

he's just too fashionable for them to handle.
>>
No. 681846 ID: 88960e

>Wait, that can't be right. If I was part ketza, even just a little bit, I'd be able to use magic! Tyrsis is a hybrid and he can use magic!
Yeah, but he's half ketza. If you have distant ancestors, you'd be half of a half of a half of a half... And so on. Eventually the little bit gets too small!

Like, one ketza hair on its own can't do magic. You need more.

Have you even met any later generation hybrids? Like someone who was a quarter or an eigth or less? Can they do magic?

>everyone staring
Grin, wave, give boisterous hellos.
>>
No. 681852 ID: 91ee5f

>>681782
>We're no longer enslaved!

No, no, no! I didn't say, "enslaved by Ketzas," speep! I said, "raised by Ketzas," speep! Don't you have orphans and adoptions around here? It's like that, speep! My parents died when I was really young, speep. So, I was adopted by Ketzas and they treated me as if I was a Ketza and not a slave! All three of us agreed that was the happiest day of our lives, speep! Is it that hard for you to believe that Ketzas could adopt and raise a Slissa as their own son, speep?!?! DX

.....Sorry for yelling at you like that, speep. I'm not mad or anything, I just wanted to make sure you understand the difference between "enslaved" and "raised," speep.

Now that we've cleared up that misunderstanding, let's get to your other problem, speep!

>>681784
Give them an evil look and ask, "Did you lose something over here?!?!" And if/when someone answers, "No." that's when you should say, "Well, then keep your eyes to yourselves! If any of you give my friend any trouble, then I'm going to come over there and give YOU trouble!" D-:<

That should make them leave you alone, speep! XD
>>
No. 681858 ID: 2a7417

>>681852
Go speep your speeping speep in a pile of speep.

If he has cold feet, you'll just have to keep the rest of him warm throughout the trip, isn't that right?
>>
No. 681868 ID: ad936f

>>681852
You're so full of shit. Kliss, I'd suggest ignoring any "wise" ancestors that say speep, they're clearly all delusional.
>>
No. 681881 ID: 42ae3d

Isn't listening to us through the amulet magic?
>>
No. 682085 ID: ca183f

>>681784
I'm not Ketza at all, even raised, I just think it's fun to say. Speep. Speep speep speep.

> everyone's starting at Tyrsis
You know how to fix that? Make everyone stare at YOU instead. Do something totally crazy! Like, I don't know... Speep.
ONCE YOU TRY IT YOU'LL SEE WHAT I MEAN
>>
No. 682121 ID: 73c49c

~every one is staring~ "come on guys you've seen hats before there not THAT rare!"
>>
No. 682137 ID: 60b97a

You really think you could use magic without training? Maybe ask your friend a bit about what using magic feels like before you decide you can't use it. Maybe the bloods been mixed enough that it's too little ketza blood. Still, wouldn't hurt to try.
>>
No. 682389 ID: 91ee5f

>>681868
Does that include you? Because you just now said "speep"! XD
>>
No. 682394 ID: ad936f

>>682389
You know damn well that's not what I meant.
>>
No. 683165 ID: 395c02
File 144722211815.png - (180.17KB , 900x600 , 81.png )
683165

>Tyrsis is, like, a first-generation hybrid, right? So half of him is ketza? Whereas you'd be only a teeny tiny little bit ketza. Probably not enough of you is magic for it to have any noticeable effect at all! 
>Yeah, but he's half ketza. If you have distant ancestors, you'd be half of a half of a half of a half... And so on. Eventually the little bit gets too small! 
Huh... that does make sense! Strange to think there's ketza blood in me, even if it's just a tiny bit. Do I have to let out incredibly tiny speeps now?

>No, no, no! I didn't say, "enslaved by Ketzas," speep! I said, "raised by Ketzas," speep!
Before we feared the outside, could ancient slissas have gone out and met ketzas? Maybe I'm not an oddity-- I'm a revival of our race's true nature!

Even though all the evidence points to us being very very subterranean.

>Kliss, I'd suggest ignoring any "wise" ancestors that say speep, they're clearly all delusional.
I WILL CONTINUE TO BELIEVE THAT SLISSAS BELONG OUTSIDE.

But maybe you guys should cut down on the speeping. I'm running out of funny faces to make in response!
>>
No. 683166 ID: 395c02
File 144722213188.png - (113.11KB , 900x600 , 82.png )
683166

>Ask them if they've ever seen a Ketza before.
"What, you guys never seen a ketza before?"

"I haven't!" one of them says. I guess Tyrsis is the closest thing to a ketza within several miles. We're really deep in Slissa territory, after all.

>Just ignore them, they can stare all they want.
Well, they seem to be embarrassed now, all looking in random directions.

>Well, uh, my recommendation is that you play the "overly-possessive/protective/possibly completely unhinged girlfriend" route
That would only intensify their glares! A slissa and ketza couple... that's simply unheard of! Well, with one obvious exception...

>Have you even met any later generation hybrids? Like someone who was a quarter or an eigth or less? Can they do magic? 
...but Tyris and his parents are the only exception I know of. I haven't seen or heard of any other hybrids. Maybe I'll see some as we approach the epicenter between our respective colonies? Maybe there's a hybrid village, where Tyrsis can feel like he belongs!

I guess we'll find some empty seats. I see some just off-camera.
>>
No. 683167 ID: 395c02
File 144722215879.png - (188.36KB , 900x600 , 83.png )
683167

Before we can move, a child speaks up. "Mister, are you a ketza?"

"Shhhh!" her mother tries to silence her.

Tyrsis doesn't say anything in response.

She grins widely. "You are! You're the flufy wuffy ketza from that play!"

"ssshhh bequietpleastohmygod"

Wait-- the terrible play that was the inspiration for Tyrsis's outfit?
>>
No. 683168 ID: 395c02
File 144722217216.png - (216.04KB , 900x600 , 84.png )
683168

Now that I think about it, he does look like the lead actor!



Right? I'm not just being specist here?

Everyone starts muttering to themselves.

"do you think it's really him?" "should i get his autograph?" "nooo don't be ruuude" "it explains everything he must be here to put on another showing" "what's wrong with you people it's a ketza my god a ketza this far out i thought i was free" "you shut your stupid face you work at a grocery store"

>he's just too fashionable for them to handle.
Is this literally the case????

Tyrsis seems unsure of what to do with himself.
>>
No. 683169 ID: 2ccbb3

Just stay silent for now. They seem to like him.

Mingle with the other passengers and talk about the nearby settlements. Draw a map based on their comments about the geography of the underworld.
>>
No. 683177 ID: 5ad4a7

>>683168
Tell them no it's just cosplay.
>>
No. 683197 ID: fe5d85

Find your seats, take the chair closes to the outside and let Tyrsis take the window seat. You shall act as his buffer so people don't swarm him with questions. Also give him shit for his "acting" career, never knew you were friends with a celebrity. Should help the ride go by quicker.
>>
No. 683209 ID: a6b0fe

>Now that I think about it, he does look like the lead actor!
>…
>Right? I'm not just being specist here?
Well, there is a SLIGHT resemblance in the sense of handsomeness, but it's enhanced by the outfit.

Tell other passengers that, even if Tyrsis was that actor, it would be rude to pester him for autographs in his free time. However, do it gently since it seems that children are most interested in him.
>>
No. 683223 ID: dbe554

Ahh youth, untroubled by prejudice or malice, and with the inability to keep quiet.

So adorable! But yeah it might just be be best to keep quiet, I mean things kinda settled down a bit, but I would make sure he's fine.
>>
No. 683232 ID: 91ee5f

>>683165
>But maybe you guys should cut down on the speeping.
WHAT?!?! You'd have me stop talking the way I've always talked, speep?! That's like asking you to give up on going outside! I refuse your tyrannical demands, speep! D-:<

>I'm running out of funny faces to make in response!
Really? Wow, that is a problem. You need those for other things!
.....W-well, I guess since you asked nicely, I'll try to cut back. But no promises! ^_^

>>683168
>Right? I'm not just being specist here?
W-well.....maybe just a little.
>>
No. 683390 ID: 12b273

>Do I have to let out incredibly tiny speeps now?
They escape in your sleep.

>Tyrsis seems unsure of what to do with himself.
Push him forward.

C'mon, act like the guy from the play! Make the kid's day!
>>
No. 683529 ID: ea0ad9

>"do you think it's really him?" "should i get his autograph?"
>Now that I think about it, he does look like the lead actor!
Well I mean, there are some obvious differences... The biggest being that he's brighter feathered.
>>
No. 683563 ID: cab7d6

Charge through the nose for autographs. First one's free though, give it to the kid.
>>
No. 683771 ID: d0517d

>>683168
Denounce any connection to the play to avoid unwanted attention that may or may not lead to the revealing of a certain lineage of a certain half and half.
>>
No. 683772 ID: d0517d

>>683771
Don't want anyone getting too close right now or word will travel fast about a certain half and half, after a certain point I dont think it will matter anymore. P.S. Tryss needs confidence so either drop the outfit all together and have him show his lineage loud and proud or continue to hide his true nature.
>>
No. 683773 ID: d0517d

>>683772
I'm leaning more towards dropping the outfit all together. He is the best of both species he should be proud of it
>>
No. 684664 ID: 395c02
File 144782467426.png - (176.29KB , 900x600 , 85.png )
684664

>I'm leaning more towards dropping the outfit all together. He is the best of both species he should be proud of it
He should! But... he isn't. I don't want to make him deal with the 'attention' he'd get in his natural state, but maybe I can ease him into spending less and less time in his outfit. For now, though...

>Charge through the nose for autographs. First one's free though, give it to the kid.
"Let's give the child your autograph!"

"uh..."

"Come on, look how excited she is~"

"mmm... okay, i guess..."

"Yes! And after that, we can start charging the others for them!"

"uh...no. i'm going to sign this for the kid and then i'm going to sit down and not think about anything."

Yet another Get Rich Quick scheme foiled!

I hand him the NOTEPAD and PEN I got earlier. He scribbles something down on a piece of paper, then tears it out and hands it to the child.
>>
No. 684665 ID: 395c02
File 144782469054.png - (100.27KB , 900x600 , 86.png )
684665

"Yay! Thank you mister fluffy~!"

She looks happy!
>>
No. 684666 ID: 395c02
File 144782470686.png - (299.85KB , 900x600 , 87.png )
684666

>Mingle with the other passengers and talk about the nearby settlements. Draw a map based on their comments about the geography of the underworld.
Someone is kind enough to lend me their map! I slide the pen on my claw and hastily trace a basic outline from it, marking the path the caravan will be taking.

We'll be passing through several slissa settlements before passing by the exit to the outside world. We'll have to go past it to reach the ketzas. I wonder if Tyrsis would mind if we stopped there first? I mean, it's right there! We could look outside and come right back in!

Or maybe I should handle it one step at a time...

>Just ignore them, they can stare all they want.
>Try to get to a seat out of the way
Deciding to largely ignore the others, we make our way to some empty seats. I offer Tyrsis the window, taking the aisle seat and blocking him from any would-be fans. I promised Mama I'd keep him safe, and part of that is acting as his bodyguard when he gets swarmed for interviews and--

My thoughts are interrupted by the cabin shifting. The caravan's moving! This is it! My adventure has finally begun!
>>
No. 684667 ID: 395c02
File 144782472193.png - (189.28KB , 900x600 , 88.png )
684667

Tyrsis sighs. "I hope I'm doing the right thing..."
>>
No. 684668 ID: ec0bf5

Hug your friend and reassure him that we'll be coming back next month as heroes.
>>
No. 684670 ID: 2ccbb3

Hm. Only one commercial path between the Ketza and Slissa cities. Do you think there are some other secure channels or is that dirt harder than it looks?

At least it seems safe for the first few days. Take a nap for now, save your strength.

Here's the plan: whenever you get to the entrance of a loop in the caravan, look for a mine nearby and harvest some crystals for trade. Catch up to the caravan as it reaches the loop. Once you have enough hard-earned crystals, hire some allies and mine your own tunnel towards the surface. When the one-month deadline is almost up, retreat and take a break. Repeat until you have built your own path to the surface, and reinforce accordingly.
>>
No. 684671 ID: ea0ad9

>Or maybe I should handle it one step at a time...
Well you could always visit the Bi-Race Capital and see the Ketzas there, where Ketzas and Slissa live together anyways.
>>
No. 684672 ID: f0e552

>>684667
I don't think he realises how much we want him here
>>
No. 684673 ID: 4e78b4

Hug your friend and tell him your really glade he came with.

But yeah you should take this slow for his sake, plus you might find something along the way that will help you when you finally go topside.
>>
No. 684705 ID: 395c02

>HUG TYRSIS
>>
No. 684715 ID: 61959d

>>684667
Hug him but be careful not to mess up the outfit I get no spoilers to the nice people in the bus
>>
No. 684738 ID: 86cfc3

>I wonder if Tyrsis would mind if we stopped there first? I mean, it's right there! We could look outside and come right back in!
I think he'd mind. Especially since you did basically promise we'd do other stuff first.

>I hope I'm doing the right thing...
Hey, don't worry! Well be back, and you're keeping me from being alone. That has to be right, right?
>>
No. 684874 ID: 91ee5f

Hug Tyrsis and tell him that you're glad he came with you!
>>
No. 684885 ID: ffe098

hug the bi-racial capital and visit tyrsis... i mean the other way
>>
No. 684887 ID: 38cb3f

Hug your boyfriend and reassure him that he's doing the right thing!

Speep!
>>
No. 684968 ID: 91ee5f

You know what I've realized~? Ever since you made me stop speeping, there's been a void in my life~~. So now I'm attempting to fill that void with tildes~~~. And so far, it's working~~~~! Now I can throw tildes at you all the time~~~~~! So, thanks to you, there's going to be a lot more tildes around here~~~~~~! XD
>>
No. 684972 ID: ea0ad9

>>684968
Auuugh! Get those away from me, you loony maniac!
I'm fine pretending to have a back and forth without any extra posting from me though (Just say something about cueing the back and forth).
>>
No. 684980 ID: ca183f

I don't think he was talking to you. Just pretend like you didn't hear him, but hug him.
>>
No. 685023 ID: 91ee5f

>>684972
But I can't help it~! Kliss told us not to speep anymore~~! I miss my speeps, but if Kliss wants me to stop speeping, then I'll stop speeping~~~. So if I can't speep, then I'll use tildes instead~~~~. Besides, it's not so bad, once you get used to them~~~~~. In fact, I think they're kinda growing on me~~~~~~! ^_^
(Something about cueing the back and forth.)
>>
No. 685024 ID: 91ee5f

>>685023
(Oh, was that not what you meant? XD)
>>
No. 686258 ID: 61959d

>>684667
Disregard what I said before, hug the crap out of him!
>>
No. 686299 ID: f0e552

now, now. Calm down guys. We need to start acting our age and helping little Kliss instead of bickering to ourselves.
>>
No. 686363 ID: f61d85

>>686299 but hugging will help him feel better
>>
No. 686364 ID: f61d85

>>686299
Holy crap you're right I do need to ask my age I'm 21 and I'm saying this stuff
>>
No. 686365 ID: f61d85

>>686364
I hate spamming but I need to say this I'm on my phone using speech to text that was supposed to be act not ask
>>
No. 686431 ID: c43722

>>686365
(For future reference, you can delete posts and resubmit a fixed one as long as you don't close your browser session. Just tick the checkbox on your post you wish to remove then press the "delete" button all the way at the bottom right of the page.)
>>
No. 687118 ID: 9f501b

>>686431
Thanks and I hope I didnt annoy the artist/writer.
>>
No. 687128 ID: ad936f

>>687118
You can type sage in the email field to not bump the thread, it's a lot less annoying.
>>
No. 687674 ID: 0fc976

Wow, the carriage has barely started moving and you guys have already caused a trainwreck.

Distract Tyrsis with your lizardly charms.
>>
No. 692197 ID: 395c02
File 145227482490.png - (236.26KB , 900x600 , 89.png )
692197

>Hug your friend and reassure him that we'll be coming back next month as heroes.
That's a little over-dramatic!

>Hug your friend and tell him your really glade he came with. 
>HUG TYRSIS
>Hug him but be careful not to mess up the outfit I get no spoilers to the nice people in the bus
>Hug Tyrsis and tell him that you're glad he came with you!
>hug the bi-racial capital and visit tyrsis... i mean the other way
>I don't think he was talking to you. Just pretend like you didn't hear him, but hug him.
>Disregard what I said before, hug the crap out of him!
I HUG TYRSIS SO HARD. "AHH I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW WE'RE ACTUALLY DOING THIS AND YOU'RE HERE AND I'M GLAD YOU CAME AND WE'RE GOING TO SEE SO MUCH STUFF AND IT'LL BE SO GREAT AND EEEEEE!!!!!!!"

Tyrsis lets out a squeaking sound!
>>
No. 692198 ID: 395c02
File 145227483652.png - (198.84KB , 900x600 , 90.png )
692198

"And we're gonna see how other slissas live their lives and visit all the important landmarks and get some souvenirs and we'll see other ketzas and maybe they'll do some shiny magic and we can try some of their frozen treats and maybe they won't be horribly specist and then we can look outside and and and"

Tyrsis doesn't say anything back. He just looks at me and smiles.
>>
No. 692199 ID: 395c02
File 145227485194.png - (349.33KB , 900x600 , 91.png )
692199

And so, the adventure begins.
>>
No. 692200 ID: 395c02
File 145227486382.png - (262.95KB , 900x600 , 92.png )
692200

The caravan makes its way along its route, stopping at various trade posts along the way. Kliss becomes increasingly glad Tyrsis thought to bring a couple of books to pass the time.
>>
No. 692201 ID: 395c02
File 145227487652.png - (183.60KB , 900x600 , 93.png )
692201

The caravan's railroaded path takes it past several towns. Some have little of interest...
>>
No. 692202 ID: 395c02
File 145227488925.png - (338.74KB , 900x600 , 94.png )
692202

And others have things of mild interest.

"This slissa dug a lot of holes!"

"Ooooh....."
>>
No. 692203 ID: 395c02
File 145227489919.png - (198.49KB , 900x600 , 95.png )
692203

Until, at last, they come upon the capital of their two races. They're taken aback by its flourish. No attempt was made to hide the expenses that went into the city's construction. Rare, exotic Glow-gems of several colors litter the place.
>>
No. 692204 ID: 395c02
File 145227491682.png - (292.47KB , 900x600 , 96.png )
692204

They visit various sites within the city, including the Slissa Circus! Kliss and Tyrsis learn tons about what a slissa can do even without magic. It is, without a doubt, the most fun either of them can ever remember having.
>>
No. 692205 ID: 395c02
File 145227492712.png - (160.42KB , 900x600 , 97.png )
692205

The caravan isn't set to leave for a few days, so the two decide to watch this so-called "fire works" show...
>>
No. 692206 ID: 395c02
File 145227493933.png - (234.94KB , 900x600 , 98.png )
692206

*Thoom. Kathoom.*

"Oh my gosh! They're so beautiful!"

Tyrsis smiles. "I like seeing you happy."
>>
No. 692207 ID: 2ccbb3

Adventuring is fun!

Now go mine some gems before you run out of spending money.
>>
No. 692209 ID: 5ea852

>>692206
>"I like seeing you happy."

Um, doesn't that go without saying among friends?
>>
No. 692229 ID: 196d1b

Well, I'm glad you two had a good date. I mean platonic friend outing. So, do you guys have plans for how to actually get to the surface? Presumably there's an opening to the cave system somewhere in this direction, but if everyone's too scared to go to the surface because of monsters, wouldn't it be guarded or barricaded? Especially if it's so near the capitol. Would anyone even let you go out?
>>
No. 692237 ID: 5ad4a7

>>692206
Oh, I hope nobody's looking. Someone might see his horns with his hat off.

Did you find out what the local opinion of half-breeds is?
>>
No. 692246 ID: a22f87

HA, and this is just what the underground has to show you, once you get topside it will be even better and worse. Worse in that since there's not traveling above ground for your two races actually moving around is going to be a bit more of a pain but it's going to be better in that you'll see things that no one else down here has even dreamt of before. It will be hard and terrifying at times but exciting and as long as you two have each other I'm sure you'll get through it just fine. Now just enjoy this moment with your friend, it's moments like these that make life worth living.
>>
No. 692259 ID: 2a7417

Now is the time to strike.
Nosh her face.
>>
No. 692284 ID: dbf021

>"This slissa dug a lot of holes!"
This Slissa had friends who liked them enough to build a statue of them.

>"I like seeing you happy."
I like being happy!

And seeing you happy!

Happy happy happy!
>>
No. 692402 ID: f0e552

>>692206
Uh oh, pay attention.
>>
No. 692550 ID: 91ee5f

>>692206
Now say, "And I'm glad you're here with me!"
>>
No. 692572 ID: e618d6

>>692237
>Oh, I hope nobody's looking. Someone might see his horns with his hat off.
Eh, it's fine. They're in the bi-race capital.
>>
No. 692750 ID: 8371c4

quickly hug
>>
No. 692831 ID: 0fc976

>>692572
It's still not a great place to be both races at once.
>>
No. 693252 ID: 395c02
File 145262845614.png - (325.49KB , 900x600 , 99.png )
693252

"And I'm glad you're here with me!"
>>
No. 693253 ID: 395c02
File 145262847447.png - (289.65KB , 900x600 , 100.png )
693253

>Nosh her face.
>Oh, I hope nobody's looking. Someone might see his horns with his hat off. 
"Tyrsis! Your hat--"

*Bonk*

"Ow!"

"Ah!"
>>
No. 693254 ID: 395c02
File 145262849082.png - (175.87KB , 900x600 , 101.png )
693254

"Geez, Tyrsis! I didn't know you liked it rough!"

"N-no I-I didn't--"

"...."

"...."
>>
No. 693255 ID: 395c02
File 145262850763.png - (111.91KB , 900x600 , 102.png )
693255

"Psfffhehehe"

"Hehehahahaha"

We enjoy the rest of the fire works show. Once it ends, we head to the inn to get some much-needed rest.
>>
No. 693256 ID: 395c02
File 145262853171.png - (4.82KB , 900x600 , 103.png )
693256

It sure is dark in here with the lights off!

>Now go mine some gems before you run out of spending money.
I'm fine on gems! Besides, all the stuff around here's been mined out years ago.

>HA, and this is just what the underground has to show you, once you get topside it will be even better and worse.
I AM SO READY FOR THE CHALLENGES AHEAD YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.

>This Slissa had friends who liked them enough to build a statue of them. 
I guess someone must have liked that slissa enough to make a statue!

...I wonder if anyone would make a statue of me once I finish my adventure?

Oh, I better practice my statue poses!

>So, do you guys have plans for how to actually get to the surface? Presumably there's an opening to the cave system somewhere in this direction, but if everyone's too scared to go to the surface because of monsters, wouldn't it be guarded or barricaded? Especially if it's so near the capitol. Would anyone even let you go out?
....
>>
No. 693258 ID: 395c02
File 145262858746.png - (249.65KB , 900x600 , 104.png )
693258

...I have to find out.

"Y-you said we wouldn't g-go here yet!"

"I'm just going to see if it's blocked off or something. And I said you can wait here if you wanted!"

"No! I--"

"If you want to come, get dressed! We'll turn right back after I see, okay?"

probably.
>>
No. 693259 ID: 395c02
File 145262859968.png - (264.01KB , 900x600 , 105.png )
693259

Oh no, there is a gate! An ornate one!

But nobody's around. And...
>>
No. 693260 ID: 395c02
File 145262860978.png - (172.44KB , 900x600 , 106.png )
693260

...It's open?
>>
No. 693265 ID: a22f87

admire gate because holy hell does that look badass, then call out down the tunnel to see if anyone is there and there isn't just a guard or something a little ways down the tunnel doing a patrol or something.

Oh and how many nights did you pay for at that hotel? If you still have some nights left maybe use them up first as to not waste money and come up with a plan (or more accurately try and talk Tyrsis into actually coming with you... again) or if you don't have any more nights and have nothing else planned in town then see how far the two of you can get down the tunnel before one of you (see Tyrsis) chickens out.
>>
No. 693268 ID: 2a7417

Knock at the gate a few times.
>>
No. 693269 ID: 5ad4a7

>>693260
Why is it open? Check the mechanism.
>>
No. 693310 ID: 15720c

Uhh, what's that thing above the gate? Is that the beast? Is the beast supposed to be some stone-type creature?
>>
No. 693331 ID: 8c66a6

>>693260
You promised you wouldn't go out yet.

Keep your promise. Don't approach the gate.

...apologize to Tyrsis. You didn't mean to scare him.

Huh. Actually, this gate doesn't look very defensible. It's not built to keep anything out, or in. If anything, it looks like it's built to scare people from approaching it.
>>
No. 693334 ID: 2ccbb3

Far-Seeing Goggles and Lantern. Peer in and say hello. Then come back later.
>>
No. 693364 ID: f0e552

>>693260
we don't want to upset Tyrsis, look and nothing else.
>>
No. 693374 ID: fd202f

Check a bit closer, with the lantern and stuff, and check the statue on top better, is it a statue? Dont cross the umbral tough, for your boyfriend sake.
>>
No. 693421 ID: 8371c4

welp, nothin' left to see here. We should return as we promised.
>>
No. 693484 ID: 91ee5f

>>693258
Awww, he's such an adorable Slissetza! Or is he a Ketlissa? Hmmm, which one is it supposed to be again?

>>693259
Is that supposed to be The Great Beast?!?! I really hope they just made a big statue of it and the statue isn't how big the actual Great Beast is supposed to be! O_O

I'm scared, hold me, speep..... :'-(
>>
No. 693503 ID: 30c409

OK, We found out that it could be blocked and/or guarded, but apparently not right now. Let's go back, There is totally nothing suspicious about a heavy door that probably should be guarded, or at least locked, but it's not.

Also, that great white lizard thing with apparently red eyes is a sculpture... Right? ... like the one of the slissa?
>>
No. 701361 ID: 45d3b7

Tell Tyrsis to shoot a fireball into the dark~
>>
No. 704594 ID: 343b23

Go back to town and ask why the gates open.
>>
No. 709999 ID: 395c02
File 145826205019.png - (259.62KB , 900x600 , 107.png )
709999

>Uhh, what's that thing above the gate? Is that the beast? Is the beast supposed to be some stone-type creature?
I... I don't know! I've never seen any of this before!

>Also, that great white lizard thing with apparently red eyes is a sculpture... Right? ... like the one of the slissa?
It looks to be carved from rock. I don't think? It's alive?

Yeah. Pretty sure. Who'd even be afraid of this thing? It's just... statue.

Tyrsis fidgets. "T-that statue is way too scary okay i'd rate it ten out of ten for spookiness anyway we've seen the gate let's go home now please pretty please."

>Far-Seeing Goggles and Lantern. Peer in and say hello.
The path is too dark for the goggles to do anything.

>Knock at the gate a few times.
I knock. "Hello? Heeellllooooooo~!"

>Why is it open? Check the mechanism.
There doesn't seem to be one. Is it meant to be always open...?

I step forward.
>>
No. 710000 ID: 395c02
File 145826206974.png - (150.07KB , 900x600 , 108.png )
710000

"Kliss!"

"Come on, aren't you the least bit curious what's going on here? There should be guards! Or a door! Something!"

"What if the Great Beast killed them all and it'll kill us too if we go in there and I want us to not die instead of dying one option is clearly better than the other!"

"If the Great Beast is still around, why is there no door? I have to know! Come on, let's just go a little further!"

"You promised we'd just look at the gate!"

>Keep your promise.
"...Yeah, you're right. We'll head back."

The relief on his face is palpable.

>Tell Tyrsis to shoot a fireball into the dark~
"But first, how about lobbing a fireball in there so I can see?"

"Oh come on--!"

"Please~? It'll sate my curiosity without us taking a single step forward."
>>
No. 710001 ID: 395c02
File 145826209654.gif - (586.98KB , 900x600 , 109.gif )
710001

It goes out far enough for Tyrsis's magic to fizzle out before reaching the end. It looks like a simple path, no signs of murder or monsters.

>Go back to town and ask why the gates open.
"Okay, let's go back to town."

"oh thank shaia."

We head back to town. I send Tyrsis off to find a place we can eat at for dinner, and use that time to seek out a random towns-person to ask about the gate...
>>
No. 710002 ID: 395c02
File 145826210977.png - (186.76KB , 900x600 , 110.png )
710002

"What!?"

The slissa shrugs. "Yeah, the gate hasn't had a door for several generations."

"But the Great Beast—!"

"What? Oh, that thing? It's never shown up. Personally, I don't think it was ever real. Probably a story the Ketzas made up to hide the fact that they stormed in and conquered us without provocation."

"If that were true, then why are the ketzas still here? They aren't really made for the cave life."

"Hmph. Probably because they can make us do all the work. Yeah, we're not slaves anymore, but most of the valuable items we find conveniently find their way to ketza hands."

"I... I see. Um, does this mean other slissas have gone... outside?"

"Maybe? I don't pay much attention to that stuff."

His opinion isn't exactly unbiased. But still, if the Great Beast has been a non-issue long enough for the gate to have been removed entirely... Maybe it's actually safe to go outside? Should I tell Tyrsis this and try to convince him?

Should I stop worrying him and head forward to the ketzas?

...Or should I sneak out tonight and check out what's beyond the cave? It wouldn't worry him, and it'd sure sate my curiosity...
>>
No. 710011 ID: 02422f

>Should I tell Tyrsis this and try to convince him?
Well, if you tell him that the people who are living right under the gate aren't even worried about the beast anymore, it might reassure him a little.

I wouldn't push the issue too much for now, though.

>Should I stop worrying him and head forward to the ketzas?
Yes, you have an (underground) trip to finish before you come back and think about going aboveground.

>Or should I sneak out tonight and check out what's beyond the cave?
DON'T BREAK YOUR PROMISE. Promises are important.
>>
No. 710016 ID: 5ad4a7

>>710002
Tell him what you found out, but continue with the planned trip. No need to jump the gun, hassle him, or break your promise.
>>
No. 710021 ID: a22f87

let him know what you heard but you should continue with the planned trip. That way you have more time to ease him into the idea of going topside while having plenty of stuff to distract him with should he get to scared or find any flaws in your flawless logic.
>>
No. 710024 ID: f6442a

The one that doesn't involve sneaking off alone.
>>
No. 710027 ID: ec0bf5

Well, if the great beast is the main thing that he's afraid of, telling him that everyone you've talked to around here seems to think that it never existed in the first place should probably calm his worries. Don't tell him you only spoke to one person.

Also, if your father died exploring the surface but there wasn't a great beast, you might have to come to terms with him having met an anticlimactic end, like falling off a cliff or eating some bad berries.
>>
No. 710277 ID: 91ee5f

>>710002
>Sneak out.
DON'T MAKE ME COME OUT OF THIS NECKLACE, YOUNG LADY!!!!! BECAUSE I WILL COME OUT THERE AND SPANK YOU!!!!! SPEEP!!!!! >:-(
>>
No. 716235 ID: 395c02
File 146056074221.png - (259.29KB , 900x600 , 111.png )
716235

>No need to jump the gun, hassle him, or break your promise.
Yeah, I guess...

>Well, if you tell him that the people who are living right under the gate aren't even worried about the beast anymore, it might reassure him a little. 
If I tell him, maybe he'd be willing to...

>Tell him what you found out, but continue with the planned trip.
Yeah, I'll...

>let him know what you heard but you should continue with the planned trip. That way you have more time to ease him into the idea of going topside while having plenty of stuff to distract him with should he get to scared or find any flaws in your flawless logic.
...No! It'd take weeks to get back here! Who knows how long it'd take to convince Tyrsis! I'm so close! The outside is right there!
>>
No. 716236 ID: 395c02
File 146056076099.png - (225.80KB , 900x600 , 112.png )
716236

>DON'T BREAK YOUR PROMISE. Promises are important.
I know. I know that. But I've spent my entire life trying to make everyone else happy. I should do what I want for once!

>Also, if your father died exploring the surface but there wasn't a great beast, you might have to come to terms with him having met an anticlimactic end, like falling off a cliff or eating some bad berries.
My father died following his dream. And now you want me to wait!?

>DON'T MAKE ME COME OUT OF THIS NECKLACE, YOUNG LADY!!!!!
You can't.
>>
No. 716237 ID: 395c02
File 146056077321.png - (96.69KB , 900x600 , 113.png )
716237

You're just a stupid necklace.

Stay here. I'm going to go be selfish for once.
>>
No. 716238 ID: 395c02
File 146056078909.png - (75.63KB , 900x600 , 114.png )
716238

>>
No. 716239 ID: 395c02
File 146056083525.png - (93.97KB , 900x600 , 115.png )
716239

>>
No. 716240 ID: 395c02
File 146056085846.png - (87.01KB , 900x600 , 116.png )
716240

....


why?
>>
No. 716241 ID: 395c02
File 146056086968.png - (203.13KB , 900x600 , 117.png )
716241

why can't I do it?
>>
No. 716244 ID: ec0bf5

Because you care more about your friend than some adventure? That's normal, it's called "not being a bad person". Now go into his room and apologize.
>>
No. 716246 ID: 2a7417

Because the universe ceases to exist a certain distance away from the necklace? But if you don't want an existential crisis, pretend it's because you know in your heart you don't want to let Tyrsis down.
>>
No. 716247 ID: 1cebc8

You're not ready just yet.

Just GET ready. Do some work, hoard gems, learn from the people in the main district.

You got this far, so do something about it.
>>
No. 716254 ID: 6ea1f7

I know how you are feeling. To be so close of your dream, To think that everything else doesn't matter, to think that everyone is just there to stop you.

Look, I'm sure I'm speaking for almost everyone here in the fact that we care about you and we are trying to help but If you want to leave us behind, if you feel more comfortable that way, then so be it, I'm pretty sure you will do your best in whatever you try. For you we probably are a bunch of old people speaking random stuff. I won't complain nor be angry at you if you do that. But Tyrsis, he also cares about you, trust in you and for what we know, you have been his only friend, and he came with you all this way, probably because he feels alone pretty much all the time, except when you are there.

I understand that you want to throw everything and go for your dream, But I'm pretty sure you don't want to be alone, Why else would you bring your friend with you? All I ask, is for you to talk to him, even if it hurts. Have you ever thought how it feels to lose a friend, especially when there is only one?

At least, that's what I think. Do what you consider the best.
>>
No. 716257 ID: f562b1

>why can't I do it?
There are people who are important to you, that you've made promises to. I'm not saying to just give up and never go out, your promises were:
>>665982
>Why don't we check out those places you listed? And then, if you're up to it, we can go to the main exit. No further! We'll just look outside, and if you're still too scared we'll come back and figure it out, okay?
To see the places Tyrsis wanted to see,
>>677980
>LOOK OKAY I'M GOING TO GO AND THEN COME BACK AND YOU'RE GOING TO BE AMAZED. THAT IS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN
And that you'd come back. If she doesn't find herself convinced, then fine, that's on her, you can go after that, even if it's without her blessings.
>>
No. 716273 ID: 5ec36c

It's okay, you've not done anything wrong. You've more than earned the right to be selfish, especially when the thing you've wanted for so long is so close you can touch it.
But if you were going to sneak away and run off alone, you'd have done that to begin with. You have people you care about and who care about you that you don't want to hurt. You've already built yourself a path to your goal that they are accepting of, you know it'd be unfair to yourself as much as to them if you took this shortcut.
Don't be disheartened, you're going to do this and do it right, on your terms.
When you next pass that statue you'll do it with your head held high! not skulking around feeling guilty.
(plus those weeks might be more than enough time to convince Tyrsis)
>>
No. 716279 ID: 5ad4a7

It'd take weeks to get back here, but you'll be able to spend all that time with a cute boy!
>>
No. 716292 ID: 02422f

>>716241
Each and every one of us, we're all prisoners to what we believe.

At the end of the day, that's the only thing that allows you to, or stops you from, doing anything. There's something inside you that's decided something is more important than what you want.


...if you want to talk with someone about how you feel, and how important this is to you, I don't think it's us you need to talk to.
>>
No. 716314 ID: 737d5c

>>716241
You ask why you can't do it? Really?

It's simple. It's hollow to achieve a dream with no one to witness it. You want someone to share your dream with. Success is not its own reward - making others happy with your success is the reward of succeeding. That's the curse of being a social sapient.
>>
No. 716342 ID: 93244f

There is no such thing as a truly selfless act; all courses of action you take in your life are dependent of what you want, whether or not you believe so. The reason you can't do it is because you want others to be happy, not just yourself, more than you do just yourself. Don't break your promise; it's not what you really want.
>>
No. 716464 ID: f0e552

>>716241
We have to ease Tyrsis into this. I mean, we see pretty damn clear evidence that the outside is nothing to be afraid of.

Tyrsis, you just have to trust us, I know things seem scary out there, but we're prepared for this. Something doesn't seem right out there, and it's not the great beast.

And listen, we need your courage to come with us, because without you... I don't think we can go outside by ourselves, am I right in assuming that?
>>
No. 717021 ID: 3e182c

You did make a promise after all, that you'd not force him to go if he didn't want to, and you did agree to see the sights and monuments of the underground with him first.

Frankly you're being childish.
Besides, its not like this is any less of an adventure. it's not like you've been to these places before is it? Even if you have, Tyrsis hasn't and the experience would be very good for him, and you should care about that because he's your friend.
Why should we even have to tell you this the fuck is wrong with you?

And don't you dare take this necklace off. You have no idea of what we can do.
>>
No. 717994 ID: 395c02
File 146118882098.png - (171.96KB , 900x600 , 118.png )
717994

>Because the universe ceases to exist a certain distance away from the necklace?
S-sorry, I didn't mean to threaten you with non-existence.

>You're not ready just yet. 
But I feel ready.

>Just GET ready. Do some work, hoard gems, learn from the people in the main district. 
Gems are completely worthless in the outside world. I don't know if the people of this city have a whole lot to teach me, either...

>I know how you are feeling. To be so close of your dream, To think that everything else doesn't matter, to think that everyone is just there to stop you. 
....
>>
No. 717997 ID: 395c02
 

(Please click the youtube to see the animation)
>>
No. 718004 ID: 1cebc8

... Damnit.

Normally the smart option would be to continue to the Ketza district, get involved in a few conspiracies and retreat when necessary.

But... I think we need to use our intel here.

... Jiniki's probably waiting for anyone to send reinforcements to Zalika. Whatever catastrophe happened is probably organized and armed to the teeth with magic augmentations.

If we leave her waiting

people might die.

Kliss, I'll leave it to you to decide.
>>
No. 718007 ID: 38cb3f

Whatever choice you make, you were willing to wait for Tyrsis to talk to him, and he is willing to sacrifice his safety and comfort for you, Kliss. Whatever choice you make, you'll be making the right one as long as you do it together.

And you two are so cute together, speep!
>>
No. 718008 ID: 5ad4a7

>>718004
I think that's a different universe, buddy.

>>717997
Let's get this show on the road. Go outside.
>>
No. 718011 ID: 49d4de

I'm not seeing an animation.
>>
No. 718012 ID: d796e1

Yea, i'm afraid that the Ketzas are not going to accept Tyrs, we are motivated, we are prepared, It's time. Go my dear, go get your dream.
>>
No. 718016 ID: 395c02

>>718011
here's a direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnRxknB-L3Y
>>
No. 718017 ID: d3a644

>>717997
I think we should announce to Tyrsis that we really really wanna go topside... But we might be okay if we go and see ketzas... Since you're willing to risk a lot for us. BUT, only say this if you are OK with seeing ketzas after knowing that Tyrsis will come with you topside afterwards. Let him choose, basically.
>>
No. 718020 ID: f6442a

The Great Beast was made of cotton candy and eaten long ago. Let's go topside!
>>
No. 718034 ID: 3e182c

If you only see what you want to see, you will see nothing at all. Whether the outcome of visiting the ketsas is positive or negative doesn't matter, its lessons will better prepare you for whatever awaits you outside. If you leave now you do so as a child, the already unspeakably vast world above will seem bigger still, and you may not be able to see what lies in front of you. It may not be what you expect. In any case, now with the support of your friend, and with our protection, whatever path you choose, step fourth boldly, and don't look back until the deed is done.
>>
No. 718039 ID: 91ee5f

To quote One Piece: "Go to New World"
>>
No. 718047 ID: 49d4de

We can go outside whenever but if we leave we might not be able to see the ketzas again so go see them first.
>>
No. 718133 ID: a22f87

>I never noticed how warm Tyrsis felt before...
about time

I say you head out now. I mean you can always see the ketzas when you get back. They've been there for how long? I'm sure they'll still be there when you get back.
>>
No. 718213 ID: ec0bf5

Tyrsis is as ready for this as he'll ever be, it looks like. No use waiting, let's go. As long as you're together you'll be fine.
>>
No. 732570 ID: 0d0030

Give him his chance to be brave
>>
No. 742990 ID: 395c02
File 147148518787.png - (200.51KB , 900x600 , 119.png )
742990

We stare at the cave for an uncomfortable amount of time.

"We... we don't have to..." I start to say.

"I'm tired of hiding."

"Huh...?"

"Plucking my feathers, grinding down my horns... neither of those changed what I was. The only way I could live with the ketzas would be to continue living a lie."
>>
No. 742991 ID: 395c02
File 147148520191.png - (286.56KB , 900x600 , 120.png )
742991

"And I'm not going to do that anymore. This... hole isn't going to stop me from being there for the only friend I've ever had-- the only person who accepted me unconditionally for who I really am."

He removes the outfit that had been keeping his nature a secret. He stuffs it into his backpack (somehow) and gets out his sun-blocking goggles.

"If we... if I die, I want to die as myself. I want to die knowing I was there for you."

He steps forward, into the cave.

I hesitate, taken aback by his newfound bravery. He still believes the outside world means his death, and yet...

...I have to be there for him, too.


"You've never had to hide who you were," I say. "You've always been Tyrsis..."
>>
No. 742992 ID: 395c02
File 147148521764.png - (287.38KB , 900x600 , 121.png )
742992

"...The bravest person I've ever known."

I take his hand, prompting him to drop his goggles. He looks at me, surprise in his face. After a moment, he shakes his head as if to recollect himself, and we venture into the cave.


It gets darker as we progress, becoming pitch black. We use Tyrsis's magic to guide our way, until finally a light can be see. The light grows, and my heart feels like it's going to bounce out of my chest.

This is it. This is really it.

My entire life's been leading up to this moment. The wild, untamed wilderness is just a few feet away. I must prove my mother wrong! We slissas can survive outside the cave! Leaving isn't a death sentence!

I will make my father proud!
>>
No. 742993 ID: 395c02
File 147148522982.png - (150.68KB , 900x600 , 122.png )
742993

Ghagh! It's so bright...!
>>
No. 742994 ID: 395c02
File 147148524056.png - (91.85KB , 900x600 , 123.png )
742994

...?

How...?
>>
No. 742995 ID: 395c02
File 147148526850.png - (539.75KB , 900x600 , 124.png )
742995

Was it...

Was it all a lie?
>>
No. 742998 ID: dfdb1e

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't.
Unless it's magical, someone have to been tending this garden. Whoever they are, they must have a reason to, either not entering the cave, or entering and keep the true nature of the outside a secret.
Be on the lookout. The monster, or the people responsible for the secret, may be around. You probable want to hide soon.
>>
No. 742999 ID: 3abd97

>>742995
No, don't worry, those are totally even surface monster gardens, where it grows snacks when there are no ketzas or slissas to munch on.
>>
No. 743001 ID: 79a07e

Wow. That's beautiful.

Still, there can be danger in beauty. It's okay to take it all in, but be wary, too.
>>
No. 743004 ID: 398fe1

>>742995
First impressions can be misleading. Stay sharp!
>>
No. 743008 ID: b2d501

Someone's been busy.

Might be an open-secret farm. Might be a trap.

Either way, get to cover and keep your heads down. None of us know how far the guards will go to shut you up.
>>
No. 743011 ID: 595d54

Read the subject. The thread's over.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password