[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 648665)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39564 unique user posts. View catalog

File 143439957276.jpg - (58.61KB , 900x430 , Title.jpg )
648665 No. 648665 ID: d15c1f

Chapter 01: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/605439.html

Chapter 02: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/623897.html

Discussion/meta Thread: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/87374.html
Expand all images
>>
No. 648666 ID: d15c1f
File 143439981079.jpg - (54.81KB , 800x500 , 01of1.jpg )
648666

>> YOU ARE NOW TAKABANDA ROSAMUNDO TREMEBONDO GOTTASCREAM

Hah, marvelous, you say to yourself.

You are glad you brought your meditation candles with you. It has been a while since you have made a spiritual bond ritual, but you are sure you remember how to do it.

You also have never linked a living Ranidae soul, or even seen a framelock soul, but you are sure nothing wrong should happen.

Hopefully.
>>
No. 648668 ID: defceb

>nothing wrong should happen.

Ohhhh boy this is going to be a wild ride.

Is everyone here? Might as well start the ritual.
>>
No. 648669 ID: ab7529

>You also have never linked a living Ranidae soul, or even seen a framelock soul
Nor a dragon soul. I'd think that would be the rarest one involved.

>hopefully
Um. Do you have a means to test the responses of the souls, before you link them up, maybe? Something soul-stirring?
>>
No. 648675 ID: e114bc

>>648666
If something wrong happens, what can you do?
>>
No. 648680 ID: bd8b82

put down something that would help in an emrgency, like some kind of magical umbrella. taking it and not needing it is better then not taking it and needing it.
>>
No. 648711 ID: abacb8

>>648666
Hmm living. Did we link to a deceased soul before? Can we do any light necromancy or spirit speaking? Finally if the ritual is not too stressful can we do a trial run with the framelock? Make sure this works?
>>
No. 648790 ID: 91ee5f

Did Flycatcher remember to tell everyone that whenever he met with the dragon, he has always appeared naked? That might be an important detail for anyone who doesn't want to be seen naked or see someone else naked! Because certain things can't be unseen and not even magic can help.
>>
No. 648833 ID: b6178d

Optimism is a valuable trait to have in an adventurer.

After all, when you've fallen into a thirty-foot deep pit filled with spikes, things can only go up from there!
>>
No. 648879 ID: 4ee074

>>648833
Unless you start to dig deeper!
>>
No. 649068 ID: f0a5e4

>>648666
Never linked a living ranidae soul? Oh, there's a story there. Or perhaps just a misunderstanding. Either way, there's a first time for everything I suppose. Only things at risk are the immortal souls of friends and family so waheigh!
>>
No. 649386 ID: 0b2227
File 143474316337.jpg - (70.45KB , 900x630 , 01of5.jpg )
649386

>Is everyone here? Might as well start the ritual.

They are all waiting in the next room, you told them that you'll call them when you are done with the preparations.

>put down something that would help in an emrgency, like some kind of magical umbrella. taking it and not needing it is better then not taking it and needing it.

You prepared the usual spiritbonding circle. That way you can force the soul of someone out and it won't break apart or drift away from the body.

>Optimism is a valuable trait to have in an adventurer.
After all, when you've fallen into a thirty-foot deep pit filled with spikes, things can only go up from there!

>Unless you start to dig deeper!

Or you punch the walls till you get an opening, or you even seduce the spikes. The possibility for an adventurer are infinite, and you are a master of finding ways out of problems. Most of the time.
>>
No. 649391 ID: 0b2227
File 143474358613.jpg - (88.89KB , 800x550 , 02of5.jpg )
649391

>Hmm living. Did we link to a deceased soul before? Can we do any light necromancy or spirit speaking? Finally if the ritual is not too stressful can we do a trial run with the framelock? Make sure this works?

>Never linked a living ranidae soul? Oh, there's a story there. Or perhaps just a misunderstanding. Either way, there's a first time for everything I suppose. Only things at risk are the immortal souls of friends and family so waheigh!

You are a soulsinger. In particular a Wraithsinger. Able to see and pacify vengeful spirits that lingers in the material world, bound by hatred and pain, in exact opposition to necromancers, people that binds the souls into constructs and corpses, forcing them to do their biddings.

Flycatcher is the first living ranidae you have met, but you have linked ranidae souls before. Back in the first days of adventuring, when you received the horn from the previous owner. A group of outlaw alchemists were experimenting with blood and fluid transfusions, trying to create a elixir that would make them all powerful. The fools captured or bought ranidaes from slavers and drained them till the last drop. The pain inflicted to them was enough to turn them into bloodwraiths, hungry for blood and able to tear kill a person by freezing their blood.

You and your cousin Diaspro were able to find the laboratory, slain the alchemists and free the souls, after binding them to you and cleansing them from their pain.

You don't like to remember the screams of agony of those poor souls.
>>
No. 649393 ID: 0b2227
File 143474389748.jpg - (72.08KB , 750x600 , 03of5.jpg )
649393

>Did Flycatcher remember to tell everyone that whenever he met with the dragon, he has always appeared naked? That might be an important detail for anyone who doesn't want to be seen naked or see someone else naked! Because certain things can't be unseen and not even magic can help.

He mentioned that when you were asking about joining the mindlink through him. He also said that you can conjure clothes and other objects without problems. That relieved the poor young Sizzle ahahah. Her face puffed a lot when Flycatcher told her that.

>Um. Do you have a means to test the responses of the souls, before you link them up, maybe? Something soul-stirring?

You thought of that too. You call Flycatcher in the room and explain to him that you wish to check his soul before testing anything

Flycatcher: "Sure. I don't see anything wrong with it. What do i have to do?"

You point him to the circle and tell him to sit in there and either relax or meditate.
>>
No. 649394 ID: 0b2227
File 143474411006.jpg - (65.32KB , 600x725 , 04of5.jpg )
649394

He sits crosslegged in the circle as you start.

He closes his eyes and you start chanting the soul-pulling ritual.

As your singing becomes deeper and deeper, you see spiritual energy exit from Flycatcher's body and form a figure over his head.

Alright. The ritual works for Ranidae too! That's good news.

You smile as you see the soul finally merging together and assume the shape of Flycatcher.

Such a nice colour. And a strong vibration. You were always sure that he had something great in him.
>>
No. 649397 ID: 0b2227
File 143474422664.jpg - (43.86KB , 455x800 , 05of5.jpg )
649397

You were not expecting that, though.

What in the world happened to him.

That doesn't look good at all...
>>
No. 649398 ID: bd8b82

poke at it. he had a run in with a demon before, the physical poison was removed, could there be soul poison as well?
>>
No. 649423 ID: ab7529

>That doesn't look good at all...
Corruption or damage?

...he did mention a pretty close run in with a demon before, didn't he? He said to poisoned him, that was why he was asking sizzle about stuff to prevent or fix that kind of thing.
>>
No. 649427 ID: e114bc

>>649397
Is that just a scar, or a spreading sickness? I mean, should we be worried about that or is it just a mark of trauma?

Hang on, you said you could cleanse spirits of their pain. Can you do the same for Flycatcher's soul wound?
>>
No. 649458 ID: 696535

>>649397
He must have been struck there by a corrupted force. That fact he had been carrying red caps for a time probably didn't help either.
That must explain why his smile is so terrifying!
>>
No. 649494 ID: 3c17ca

>>649397
Lets get a good look at that spiritual scar, find out what it is, get the framelock, it knows things that we may not. When we see the dragon, it may also know but felt it was not needed to say.

Demon magic, or inborn anomaly.
>>
No. 649554 ID: 57d76a

Looks bad, but you don't recognize it as anything in particular, right? Could be fine. Maybe it's the reason he can talk to the dragon, or something. Don't try to remove it until you know what it is.
>>
No. 649714 ID: 91ee5f

>>649397
Hey, that's the exact same spot that demon in the dungeon stabbed him! Didn't Flycatcher mention, back in the dungeon he found the dragon egg in, a demon stabbed him? Or did he for some reason forget to tell you about it?
>>
No. 649836 ID: 05f95f
File 143491765785.jpg - (60.46KB , 610x600 , 01of3.jpg )
649836

>Corruption or damage?

>...he did mention a pretty close run in with a demon before, didn't he? He said to poisoned him, that was why he was asking sizzle about stuff to prevent or fix that kind of thing.

>He must have been struck there by a corrupted force. That fact he had been carrying red caps for a time probably didn't help either.

>Hey, that's the exact same spot that demon in the dungeon stabbed him! Didn't Flycatcher mention, back in the dungeon he found the dragon egg in, a demon stabbed him? Or did he for some reason forget to tell you about it?

Flycatcher mentioned he fought a Fetcher Demon, and that Swabluff removed the poison himself, but you have never heard of Fetcehr Demons leaving this sort of marks on the victim's soul. You call out for Gianni and ask him to come inside. Maybe it can help you out with this. It has been with Flycatcher for the longest time.

>Lets get a good look at that spiritual scar, find out what it is, get the framelock, it knows things that we may not. When we see the dragon, it may also know but felt it was not needed to say.

You ask him if it knows anything about it.

Gianni: "NO. THAT'S THE PLACE WHERE THE DEMON HIT HIM THOUGH. I HAVE NEVER SEEN SOMETHING LIKE THAT... IT LOOKS REALLY BAD!"
>>
No. 649837 ID: 05f95f
File 143491788394.jpg - (74.07KB , 750x600 , 02of3.jpg )
649837

>Is that just a scar, or a spreading sickness? I mean, should we be worried about that or is it just a mark of trauma?

>Looks bad, but you don't recognize it as anything in particular, right? Could be fine. Maybe it's the reason he can talk to the dragon, or something. Don't try to remove it until you know what it is.

>Hang on, you said you could cleanse spirits of their pain. Can you do the same for Flycatcher's soul wound?

You can surely heal spiritual wounds, even if you are not really sure what this is, exactly. If it is something benign you might ruin Flycatcher's soul for good.

>poke at it. he had a run in with a demon before, the physical poison was removed, could there be soul poison as well?

You decide to start examining the purple mass closely, using a basic song of learning. You slowly sing the tune and wait for the sound to bounce back at you with the correct informations.

But the magical echo doesn't come back. It gets absorbed by the mass, leaving only a low grumbling wet noise.
>>
No. 649838 ID: 05f95f
File 143491803746.jpg - (71.60KB , 600x600 , 03of3.jpg )
649838

And with another horrid wet sound, the mass starts to shiver and shake. A large cut in it opens up, revealing horrid black teeth and a red bulging eye, with a double crossed pupil staring back at you.

Now you are definitively sure there is something demonic going on here.

The horrid eye blinks and gasp at you. You can hear Gianni gasping in fear on your head.

You are also sure whatever this thing is, it is sentient.
>>
No. 649839 ID: 1baf0b

It's a parasite, and also surprised by the fact that you found it?
>>
No. 649840 ID: bd8b82

okay that is definitely bad. can you fortify flycatcher's soul and cut it out?
>>
No. 649841 ID: ab7529

>>649838
A demonic parasite? That's new.

Maybe that's what the fetcher was supposed to deliver- to the dragon. A possessed demonic dragon would be pretty fearsome.

What are your options, here? I'm pretty sure the bardic default of "woo it and sleep with it" isn't a good one.
>>
No. 649844 ID: d3be40

You probably need a host animal that will bond with the demon more efficiently. Possibly one with a non-sentient spirit essence.

Whether or not they are hostile will determine how you react.
>>
No. 649846 ID: dbe554

Flycatcher had mentioned this Fetcher Demon was special compared to others mentioned in tales, that it was almost sentient, that it was searching and hunting for dragons. Could it possibly have modified its poison to deal with the spiritual aspect of the dragon as well as physical damage?
>>
No. 649865 ID: 60b97a

>>649838
Do you perhaps have a ballad of communication? Maybe use that? Because seriously, it might look bad, but the friendly framelock is what it is. Any serenades of calm you can play as well?
>>
No. 649881 ID: fcff20

>>649838
Interact, determine alingment. Giani already aaid it was bad so that should be enough. See if sizzle has some holywater, magic solution or some demon b gone. Something.
>>
No. 650135 ID: 91ee5f

>>649838
It wants to have a staring contest! Quickly! Stare it into submission!
>>
No. 650137 ID: b6178d

Welp. That looks dangerous. And aware.

Better act quickly. Anything in the repertoire to deal with demonic possession, or parasites? Anything to kill, contain or otherwise subdue it and make it fall back to slumber? Because those all sound like swell options to immediately get working on right now.

>>649846

Or -been- modified. I doubt the demon was the only creature doing all the hunting.
>>
No. 650338 ID: 8a5341
File 143508973351.jpg - (93.30KB , 765x600 , 01of4.jpg )
650338

>It's a parasite, and also surprised by the fact that you found it?

>A demonic parasite? That's new.

>Welp. That looks dangerous. And aware.

>It wants to have a staring contest! Quickly! Stare it into submission!

It surely does. You decide to get a closer look to the thing.

And as soon as you come close enough, the horrid blob sprungs two appendages while making a horrible crackling noise.
>>
No. 650339 ID: 8a5341
File 143508986409.jpg - (71.14KB , 800x520 , 02of4.jpg )
650339

>Interact, determine alingment. Giani already aaid it was bad so that should be enough.

>Whether or not they are hostile will determine how you react.

The little monster lashes at you, but its spiritual claws bounce off the spiritual guard ineffectly.

At least you know that it can't get out of that soulbound circle.
>>
No. 650340 ID: 8a5341
File 143509014534.jpg - (54.37KB , 500x850 , 03of4.jpg )
650340

>You probably need a host animal that will bond with the demon more efficiently. Possibly one with a non-sentient spirit essence.

Binding an actual demon to a corpse or a new body is against the law. Even if it could help destroying it. You prefer not to end up in prison, or worse.

>Flycatcher had mentioned this Fetcher Demon was special compared to others mentioned in tales, that it was almost sentient, that it was searching and hunting for dragons. Could it possibly have modified its poison to deal with the spiritual aspect of the dragon as well as physical damage?

That might be a good explanation on what is happening. The demon must have been ancient, who knows what sort of magic was used in those days.

>What are your options, here? I'm pretty sure the bardic default of "woo it and sleep with it" isn't a good one.

>okay that is definitely bad. can you fortify flycatcher's soul and cut it out?

>Do you perhaps have a ballad of communication? Maybe use that? Because seriously, it might look bad, but the friendly framelock is what it is. Any serenades of calm you can play as well?

>Better act quickly. Anything in the repertoire to deal with demonic possession, or parasites? Anything to kill, contain or otherwise subdue it and make it fall back to slumber? Because those all sound like swell options to immediately get working on right now.

Even with all your experience and practice in soul binding, cleansing and healing, you are not sure you are strong enough or competent enough to get rid of whatever this is.

But you know someone who might be.

You quickly cast a sound-containing spell on the room. Making so that nothing outside the room can hear what's going to happen inside.

And then you sound your horn. And call forth the wraith of your ancestor, Loudmouth Gottascream.
>>
No. 650341 ID: 8a5341
File 143509035304.jpg - (68.98KB , 630x800 , 04of4.jpg )
650341

The spiritual form of your Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandfather solidifies out of the mist casted by the horn.

Loudmouth: I HEED YOUR CALL, BLOOD OF MY BLOOD. HOW SHALL I, LOUDMOUTH GOTTASCREAM, FIRST OF THE GOTTASCREAM, CREATOR AND PRISONER OF THE HORN, GREATEST BARD AND ANDVENTURER, HELP YOU IN THIS TIMES OF NEED?
>>
No. 650346 ID: 7d5048

Wow. What does a Gottascream need to do to earn the name 'Loudmouth'?
You blew up an inn and your name is hardly even related you your voice.
>>
No. 650348 ID: bd8b82

your friend has been infected with a sickness of the soul by an ancient demon.
>>
No. 650354 ID: ab7529

>ancestor and descendent aren't even the same species
Bards.

>how shall I help you
Honored ancestor, my traveling companion has been afflicted with some manner of demonic parasite or infection. I beseech your skill and wisdom in dealing with this matter.
>>
No. 650355 ID: b6178d

Wait, what? Are you hiding horns under that cap, Takabanda?

Ah well. We've already experienced that folks sometimes change species.

>>650341

Have a look at yonder ranidae over there. Can the greatest bard and adventurer there ever was tell what ails, and what will cure, him?
>>
No. 650356 ID: e114bc

>>650339
I don't think it was lashing out at you. It was lashing out at the amulet. It STILL thinks it needs the amulet.

I have another worry. Could this demonic corruption have traveled into the soul link Flycatcher uses to speak to the dragon? Is she in danger? The fact that the thing thinks it still needs the amulet means that it probably hasn't been awake while Flycatcher spoke with the dragon... I wonder why it took this long.
>>
No. 650359 ID: eac8be

Well, our companion here was injured fighting a demon and it seems to have inserted some sort of smaller demon into his soul where it wounded him. We want to destroy or contain the soul demon while keeping the host soul intact.
>>
No. 650662 ID: 91ee5f

"Save my friend's soul!"
>>
No. 650664 ID: 91ee5f

I guess this means that until we take care of this demon soul blob thingy, no one is going to be meeting the dragon! And you've been looking forward to this too! How disappointing! :,-(
>>
No. 651131 ID: 178fb1
File 143543023705.jpg - (62.91KB , 550x800 , 01of4.jpg )
651131

>Wow. What does a Gottascream need to do to earn the name 'Loudmouth'? You blew up an inn and your name is hardly even related you your voice.

Legends say that he once shattered a mountain with a single powerful shout.

>Wait, what? Are you hiding horns under that cap, Takabanda?

>ancestor and descendent aren't even the same species. Bards.

You wear hats because it's a dwarf thing. You clearly don't have horns, even if your ancestry surely left you something else.

>I guess this means that until we take care of this demon soul blob thingy, no one is going to be meeting the dragon! And you've been looking forward to this too! How disappointing! :,-(

It sucks, but now it would be better to focus on the fact that Flycatcher might be in danger.

>Well, our companion here was injured fighting a demon and it seems to have inserted some sort of smaller demon into his soul where it wounded him. We want to destroy or contain the soul demon while keeping the host soul intact.

>"Save my friend's soul!"

>your friend has been infected with a sickness of the soul by an ancient demon.

You open your arms and ask your powerful and knowledgeable ancestor to help you out in saving the soul of your friend, now contaminated by a demonic parasyte.
>>
No. 651132 ID: 178fb1
File 143543028350.jpg - (53.68KB , 550x800 , 02of4.jpg )
651132

...
>>
No. 651133 ID: 178fb1
File 143543045553.jpg - (52.45KB , 470x760 , 03of4.jpg )
651133

Loudmouth: WHAT

Ah damnit.

You ask loudly to your powerful, knowledgeable and deaf ancestor to help you out in saving the soul of your friend, now contaminated by a demonic parasyte.

Loudmouth: I WILL GRANT THIS REQUEST!
>>
No. 651138 ID: 178fb1
File 143543098723.jpg - (67.69KB , 800x500 , 04of4.jpg )
651138

Loudmouth glances at the parasytic entity, now completely calm, for a couple of minutes.

Loudmouth: IT HAS BEEN AGES SINCE I SAW SOMETHING LIKE THIS! THIS IS A DEMONIC SEED! AN ACTUAL DEMONIC SEED. YOUR FRIEND MUST BE A POWERFUL WARRIOR TO HAVE FACED A DEMON ABLE TO REPRODUCE IN THIS WORLD, WITHOUT DYING!

>I don't think it was lashing out at you. It was lashing out at the amulet. It STILL thinks it needs the amulet.

You noticed too that the parasyte is calmer than before. You try to take a closer look and it immediately starts lashing at you again. Or better, at your head. Where Gianni is resting. This creature might be trying to grab the amulet afterall

>I have another worry. Could this demonic corruption have traveled into the soul link Flycatcher uses to speak to the dragon? Is she in danger? The fact that the thing thinks it still needs the amulet means that it probably hasn't been awake while Flycatcher spoke with the dragon... I wonder why it took this long.

You ask your ancestor if he knows anything about mindlinks and if you should be worried about the linked minds of Flycatcher and his dragon patron.

Loudmouth: I HAVE NEVER WITNESSED A MINDLINK MYSELF. WE'D HAVE MORE LUCK ASKING TO MY OLD BUDDY L.B., BUT I'M SURE HE'S RATHER BUSY AT THIS MOMENT. YOU'LL HAVE TO CHECK ON THAT YOURSELF IF YOU CAN

You then ask him if there are ways to remove the parasyte

Loudmouth: I KNOW TWO METHODS. A VIBRATING HYMN OF DISSONANCE THAT SHOULD MAKE IT DETACH FROM ITS HOST, BUT IT MIGHT BE DANGEROUS FOR THE RANIDAE'S SOUL. THE OTHER ONE IS A COMPLETE DESTRUCTIVE SOULCHAIN SONG. IT WILL REMOVE THE PARASYTE, BUT YOU'LL HAVE TO INSTANTLY HEAL THE SOUL OF THE DAMAGE I'M GOING TO CAUSE.

He then glares at you

Loudmouth: CHOOSE WISELY, BLOOD OF MY BLOOD
>>
No. 651142 ID: 9297f4

How fast/powerful are your healing songs?
>>
No. 651144 ID: d90668

Well what do you feel most comfortable with? If you are better at soul healing lets go with the second option.

As for the first it sounds like the dissonance could cause problems other than just damage. Also you would have to trap or destroy the demon seed after it fell off. But it might be nice to have a trapped demon to study later. Might be able to learn something of its nature and its mission.
>>
No. 651148 ID: d3be40

Go with the hymn. The demon likely has burrowed, which could cause complications if dissected at the core. That purple blob might be the flower, while the root could regrow.

S'shi'mh should be able to restore the damage. She's a water dragon, vibration magic is a given.
>>
No. 651151 ID: ab7529

This obviously comes down to how badly the second method will damage the soul, and how effective / powerful / quick your own soul-healing technique is.

What's the consequence of soul damage? In the second case, it sounds like if you don't fix it, he dies, or goes brain dead. (Soul dead?). What's the risk of the damage left in the first case?

...are there any alchemical means to help you in what you're doing? Potions that help with soul repair and the like? Remember you're part of a team, and if it can be done quickly, you might want to get every advantage you can.

As, I note option 1 says detach, not destroy. What happens to the seed, once loose? We should have measures in place / be prepared to catch or contain it.

>if we hadn't listened to the dragon and waited, you'd have done this earlier
I wonder if we could have caught the seed before it 'sprouted' or took root.
>>
No. 651155 ID: 2f4b71

>>651138
The destructive soulchain song.

The parasite if after the Amulet. If it's merely separated from Flycatcher, it's going to be free to roam about. Unless you have something to trap it in.
>>
No. 651169 ID: e114bc

>>651138
It's after the amulet, not Flycatcher. If you use the Hymn, it won't give a shit about Flycatcher and will just go after the amulet. You can use it as a lure. Gianni can switch to a different frame to be safe.

What can you do to the demon once it's detached? Can you just end the soul checkup spell and it will be left without a host and die?
>>
No. 651319 ID: 3c17ca

>>651138
DESTRUCTION! sorry flycatcher, this might feel...a bit uncomfortable, but we are gottascreams, and tonight...you gotta scream. Bard pun! Haha!

Though to do damage we know how to heal versus an unknown on a soul that may leave lingering damage. It is akin to walking a mile across hot coals, or running through an inferno for a second. Better to have it done and over.
>>
No. 652829 ID: 2b13be
File 143594939865.jpg - (102.67KB , 815x800 , 01of1.jpg )
652829

>Though to do damage we know how to heal versus an unknown on a soul that may leave lingering damage. It is akin to walking a mile across hot coals, or running through an inferno for a second. Better to have it done and over.

>Well what do you feel most comfortable with? If you are better at soul healing lets go with the second option.

Both methods are really dangerous, actually. You aren't really comfortable with any of those.

>As for the first it sounds like the dissonance could cause problems other than just damage. Also you would have to trap or destroy the demon seed after it fell off. But it might be nice to have a trapped demon to study later. Might be able to learn something of its nature and its mission.

>Go with the hymn. The demon likely has burrowed, which could cause complications if dissected at the core. That purple blob might be the flower, while the root could regrow.

>The parasite if after the Amulet. If it's merely separated from Flycatcher, it's going to be free to roam about. Unless you have something to trap it in.

>It's after the amulet, not Flycatcher. If you use the Hymn, it won't give a shit about Flycatcher and will just go after the amulet. You can use it as a lure. Gianni can switch to a different frame to be safe.

>What can you do to the demon once it's detached? Can you just end the soul checkup spell and it will be left without a host and die?

The Hymn of dissonance will cause the parasyte to vibrate on a different harmony than the soul it's attached to, that means that the soul or the parasyte will reject the connection and will rip itself out of the soul, possibly leaving taking small portions of the soul with it. After that you'll have to trap the demon in a small circle, but those usually don't last long enough. After that the parasyte will be able to roam free and possess the closest corpse it can find. And there are no real ways of destroying it completely while it is detached from a host, or better, it should die on its own, but this isn't a demon coming from beyond the barrier. It was fathered here, in the mortal realm, and the barrier might not have any effect on him at all.

>DESTRUCTION! sorry flycatcher, this might feel...a bit uncomfortable, but we are gottascreams, and tonight...you gotta scream. Bard pun! Haha!

>This obviously comes down to how badly the second method will damage the soul, and how effective / powerful / quick your own soul-healing technique is.

>What's the consequence of soul damage? In the second case, it sounds like if you don't fix it, he dies, or goes brain dead. (Soul dead?). What's the risk of the damage left in the first case?

Using a DESTRUCTIVE SOULCHAIN SONG usually means completely destroying part of the soul of the target. By compressing it and shattering its link with the body. It would leave a rather big gap in Flycatcher's soul that you need to fill with a healing song, or better with a musical soul construct that will act as part of the soul and will hopefully be assimilated later in decades, if the person doesn't die before that. If that happens, the poor creature won't be able to reach its own heaven, or wherever the soul decides to go after death.

>...are there any alchemical means to help you in what you're doing? Potions that help with soul repair and the like? Remember you're part of a team, and if it can be done quickly, you might want to get every advantage you can.

No alchemical help exists to fix souls, but Sizzle might help out with the ink for the trap by making a more powerful enchanted ink.

>How fast/powerful are your healing songs?

Your healing songs are incredibly powerful, even the soul ones. Still it's something that you have never tried on a Ranidae.
>>
No. 652830 ID: 742b4a

>>652829
You could use Dissonance, leave it a tiny corpse to possess, then immediately kill it.
>>
No. 652842 ID: ab7529

So what I'm hearing is the the hymn of dissonance leaves us with a demon-seed we have no means to contain or destroy, and a friend still corrupted with ripped off bits of demon left behind. Also the demon-seed might still have bits of flycatcher's soul, and who knows what it could do with those.

The destructive soulchain song cleans his soul out completely, but at the cost of a patch that will fail if he dies too early. Which is a legitimate risk in adventuring. I'm unclear if this method actually destroys the demon seed, or separates it, leaving us with the same problem as before.

The biggest point that requires clarification is what happens to the demon-seed when hit with the soulchain. Then I guess we need to weigh the risk of left-behind soul bits versus the risk of missing an afterlife. What might the torn off pieces do?

>>652830
Except we already established that's illegal.
>>
No. 652843 ID: 2b13be

>>652842
It will be destroyed completely. The soulchain song annhilate parts of the soul, which means the parasyte will be completely destroyed, alongside the part of soul it's anchored to.
>>
No. 652849 ID: bd8b82

what about a near soulchain? like horsehair on a wart. pinch it tightly until the deprivation makes it fall off on it's own.
>>
No. 652851 ID: 742b4a

>>652842
Oh no it's illegal. Whatever shall we do about that.
>>
No. 652852 ID: ab7529

I don't suppose we could warp or stretch the soul so the part with the demon seed stuck in is pulled out and away, like a piece of gum? Then if you blasted that with the soulchain, you'd have less collateral soul-damage.
>>
No. 652855 ID: 7d5048

Destructive. There is little reason to think that a Randiae soul is going to react notably different than any other souls, but there being a chance the demon might not be held by the circle is incredibly dangerous.
>>
No. 652857 ID: 3c17ca

>>652829
As a bard, there is always option 3.

Can we make flycatcher's soul strong enough to EAT the demon parasite and/or, to take it over and control it?

Better to be a little demonic than dead I suppose...
>>
No. 652858 ID: 742b4a

Oh! I thought of another option. We can bring him to an organization with the resources and authority to deal with the demon when it gets knocked free via Dissonance.
>>
No. 652874 ID: 57d76a

>>652829
I think dissonance is the better option, but they both kinda suck. Take one of the alternate methods if any are viable.

Also, what would be the consequences of just leaving it there for a while until we have better resources to deal with it?
>>
No. 652884 ID: fbc59e

Taking him somewhere would be long and risks the demon infection's progress if not complete consumption.

Of the two options laid out, I think I like the sound of the soul chain better.
Frankly...Well, I guess the question is how bad is not having an afterlife, anyhow?
Dissonance just sounds like we'd be asking to have the thing bounce from one host to another, and doesn't do much if anything to solve the problem...
Still. Dissonance doesn't seem as likely to have consequences to flycatcher unless the demon managed to reform and immeadiately chase after us...And I feel like we can report the thing flying around to organizations that know how to deal with demons once we knock it out.
>>
No. 652894 ID: 91ee5f

>Never done it on a Ranidae.
So? It should work the same way it does on any other being. What makes a Ranidae so unique that you wouldn't know if one of your songs could effect him?
.....Unless you're being racist! Shame on you! D-:<
>>
No. 653472 ID: ffff82
File 143621302226.jpg - (69.12KB , 785x600 , 01of4.jpg )
653472

>So? It should work the same way it does on any other being. What makes a Ranidae so unique that you wouldn't know if one of your songs could effect him? .....Unless you're being racist! Shame on you! D-:<

You are pretty sure you aren't racist, it's due to the fact that Souls are complicated and every type of soul has his own song. Even if the base is the same, you need to modulate differently on the long run, if the wound is big, and if the modulation and vibrations are not the same of the soul you might risk to ruin it.

>You could use Dissonance, leave it a tiny corpse to possess, then immediately kill it.

Demons don't occupy the first corpse they can find. They are still intelligent creatures (well, most of them) and they know when something might be a trap, so the parasyte would just ran away and find something else to possess. Also it's still considered completely illegal to allow demons into this world willingly, and you are a law-abiding dwarf, for the most.

>Oh! I thought of another option. We can bring him to an organization with the resources and authority to deal with the demon when it gets knocked free via Dissonance.

The problem with that would still be making so that the demon possess something near it and get destroyed, he'd just escape.

mmmh this truly is a problem.
>>
No. 653473 ID: ffff82
File 143621331107.jpg - (68.62KB , 660x600 , 02of4.jpg )
653473

>As a bard, there is always option 3. Can we make flycatcher's soul strong enough to EAT the demon parasite and/or, to take it over and control it?

That would be dangerous as well, the demon might fester inside him anyway and later possess him in a moment of weakness.

>Also, what would be the consequences of just leaving it there for a while until we have better resources to deal with it?

The Parasyte might grow larger and stronger, and consume Flycatcher's soul completely. Turning him into a demon.

>what about a near soulchain? like horsehair on a wart. pinch it tightly until the deprivation makes it fall off on it's own.

>I don't suppose we could warp or stretch the soul so the part with the demon seed stuck in is pulled out and away, like a piece of gum? Then if you blasted that with the soulchain, you'd have less collateral soul-damage.

You snap your finger! BUT OF COURSE! there is a third way. Combining both should work! Pulling the demon soul partially and then destroying the part where it is still attached to should work!
>>
No. 653475 ID: ffff82
File 143621352002.jpg - (69.22KB , 680x600 , 03of4.jpg )
653475

You explain to Loudmouth your plan

Loudmouth: THAT SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN! GOOD THINKING, BLOOD OF MY BLOOD. LET'S GET THIS STARTED.

You prepare yourself with the horn on your lips, waiting for your ancestor to start.

Loudmouth starts humming.

The entire room starts shaking violently, caused by the vibrations from the wraith's mouth.

The parasyte starts pulling itself out of the soul of Flycatcher, shrieking in pain.

You are glad that you put a silence spell on the door, because the sound of the shriek is horrid to hear, and you prefer not to bother the rest of the party for the moment.
>>
No. 653479 ID: ffff82
File 143621388756.jpg - (86.52KB , 800x525 , 04of4.jpg )
653479

And when the creature is almost completely ripped off, you instantly hear Loudmouth stop and begin chanting loudly. Spiritual chains starts wrapping around the parasyte, that quickly tries to fall back into the soul, without succeding. The chains rip part of the Ranidae's soul away, and grasp the parasyte tight.

You instantly follow the que and begin to play the healing song, curing and repairing the missing pieces.

The wound is rather small, and the musical construct quickly repairs the missing parts, while Loudmouth quickly change tempo on his song, causing the chain to wrap the parasyte and crush its spiritual essence.


Loudmouth: "THAT HAS WORKED WELL ENOUGH I'D SAY. NOW LET THE SOUL REST, DON'T STRAIN YOUR FRIEND ANYMORE. IT MIGHT NOT APPEAR, BUT HE HAS ENDURED A LOT OF STRESS TODAY."

You thank your ancestor, as he starts fading away back into the horn.
>>
No. 653489 ID: ab7529

>Let him rest.
Hmm. So I assume that means the dragon meeting is off for today, then? Small price to pay for a near-disaster averted, I suppose.

>small wound in soul patched
Does that mean his soul still risks coming apart should flycatcher have the misfortune of dying too early? That is an occupational hazard for adventurers.

>The Parasyte might grow larger and stronger, and consume Flycatcher's soul completely. Turning him into a demon.
My gut guess is still that thing was intended to be used on the dragon. A demon-dragon would have been a real terror.

Once you're done patching up Flycatcher and you release him from the out of body experience, can you check on the unborn unhatched dragon's soul the same way you did his?
>>
No. 653506 ID: e114bc

>>653479
>don't strain your friend
Does that mean you won't get to meet the dragon today?
>>
No. 653510 ID: 1cebc8

Did the parasite drop a soul core (the red eyeball)? That might be useful.
>>
No. 653595 ID: 3c17ca

>>653479
Been a long day. See how fly catcher feels, everything in the right place. See what he wants, but encourage rest.
>>
No. 659356 ID: a42964
File 143828409659.jpg - (71.80KB , 780x600 , 01of3.jpg )
659356

>Did the parasite drop a soul core (the red eyeball)? That might be useful.

Nothing survived the soulchain attack. All the pieces of the soul have been shattered to nothingness.

>Does that mean his soul still risks coming apart should flycatcher have the misfortune of dying too early? That is an occupational hazard for adventurers

Yeah, it will take at least a year to absorb the fake soul into his own. Hopefully he'll survive that long.

>Once you're done patching up Flycatcher and you release him from the out of body experience, can you check on the unborn unhatched dragon's soul the same way you did his?

You have no real way to do that, only Flycatcher has been able to talk to her, all you have ever seen is the egg, and it seems impervious to most magic or enchantments.

>Hmm. So I assume that means the dragon meeting is off for today, then? Small price to pay for a near-disaster averted, I suppose.

>Does that mean you won't get to meet the dragon today?

>Been a long day. See how fly catcher feels, everything in the right place. See what he wants, but encourage rest.

You force back the ranidae's soul into his body and you wake him up.

As soon as he comes to his senses, he starts gasping for air, holding his side, where the parasyte was.

He regains his cool head immediately after and asks if the ritual was completed.

You tell him about what happened, and you then tell him to rest and then check for the dragon's soul too. In case the parasyte managed to infect her.

You then call in the rest of the group and inform them of what happened, before deciding to all go to sleep.
>>
No. 659360 ID: a42964
File 143828456925.jpg - (53.87KB , 860x400 , 02of3.jpg )
659360

The morning after, you and the rest of the group meet back at the table, eating breakfast.

You ask Flycatcher if he checked.

Flycatcher: "I did. I have not seen anything resembling the creature you described me. I even told S'shimh about it and she told me that she doesn't feel any presence nor she saw anything in her mindlink."

That's good to hear at least.

While eating, the group starts planning what to do.

Alaiv tells that he has nothing planned to do, since he made his own preparations for leaving the town the next day. He encourages the others to do so too. Shop and other things.

Alaiv: "Something that i learnt during my adventures is to never delay things. Time would only pile up on itself. And as you told us, if there is someone interested in the egg, it would be better to get our patron out of it as soon as possible."

Too bad you have no money left. Considering you had to pay for the damages done to the tavern. But it's not a real problem for you, since you are already have all that a bard needs.

Sizzle: "Oh right! I need to talk to the alchemists and contact Papa."

She pulls out a small package from her bag

Sizzle: "I am probably going to be busy all day, since i also need to buy other materials and tools. So. What do we do with this?"

She shakes the package a bit.
>>
No. 659366 ID: a42964
File 143828485757.jpg - (59.96KB , 820x550 , 03of3.jpg )
659366

Alaiv grabs the package from Sizzle's hand.

Alaiv: "This is the blood sample you cleaned?"

Sizzle: "Purified, yes."

Alaiv: "Right, my bad. I guess we still need to decide what to do. This was supposedly going to be received by father Grimdoom, in the religious district. In case we decide to give it back, which i honestly would suggest, i... won't be able to go there. It's a long story, but churches don't see me in a good way after a rather old incident. ah-hem. "

Flycatcher: "I can bring it there. It won't take me much to buy whatever i need, and i can do that before the shop close, before going back. I'd need directions though."

"So i guess we are giving this back, uh?" Sizzle says with a disappointed voice.
>>
No. 659370 ID: fdd490

>>659366
"Hmmm, you sound like you want to keep it."
We can put it to a vote for what to do with it.
>>
No. 659391 ID: bd8b82

make it not a secret before giving it back so they can't attempt to 'silence' you about knowing what it is.
>>
No. 659396 ID: ab7529

>And as you told us, if there is someone interested in the egg, it would be better to get our patron out of it as soon as possible.
Logical. The only real pressure leaning the other way is it's a lot easier to hide / care for an egg than a young dragon. At the very least, we need the resources to feed her when she hatches (which might be significant, if she's growing large amounts on a short time scale). Somewhere safe would be nice too- even if the entire world isn't hunting her, the average town or kingdom might not react well to a young dragon in their midst.

>"So i guess we are giving this back, uh?" Sizzle says with a disappointed voice.
That may be premature. Obviously the blood is quite potent, and it was being transported in a manner that seems suspicious, at best. Are we sure the father, or whoever the intended recipient is, is well intentioned? Did anyone hear anything about him?
>>
No. 659401 ID: a42964

>Are we sure the father, or whoever the intended recipient is, is well intentioned? Did anyone hear anything about him?

>>634620
>>
No. 660701 ID: b86775
File 143889982856.jpg - (42.73KB , 600x530 , 01of3.jpg )
660701

>"Hmmm, you sound like you want to keep it."
>We can put it to a vote for what to do with it.

You ask Sizzle why if she wants to keep it

Sizzle: "Well. No. Maybe? It's... it's a really really rare component and i have always wanted to get my hands on those kinds of things since i took the advanced advanced alchemy class."

Alaiv: "We can't really keep it anyway. If we decide to keep it and they somehow find out we might get in trouble with them."

Sizzle starts tapping her index fingers together, looking sad.

"Yeah... i guess"
>>
No. 660703 ID: b86775
File 143890031701.jpg - (45.81KB , 803x530 , 02of3.jpg )
660703

>That may be premature. Obviously the blood is quite potent, and it was being transported in a manner that seems suspicious, at best. Are we sure the father, or whoever the intended recipient is, is well intentioned? Did anyone hear anything about him?

Alaiv is sure the father in question might be Ludwig "Pious Hand" Grimdoom. A hero of the Cyclop war, and overall a rather nice person, from what you know.

Still, you ask to Alaiv why he's so sure they should give the blood back

Alaiv: "Well, let's put it this way. Would you still make an enemy of someone that is able to crush a cyclop skull with his bare hands? Even if he entered the Unquenchable Flame, i'm still afraid he'd be in good shape. And in any case, the man is a living saint, i can't litterally imagine someone like him doing anything bad on purpose."

You point out that it might not be Ludwig though.

Alaiv: "Sure, that might be a possibility. Any option you have in mind, master Takabanda?"

>make it not a secret before giving it back so they can't attempt to 'silence' you about knowing what it is.

You tell Alaiv that you'll go with Flycatcher to meet the father, making sure that people will know about that. Just to be sure you won't 'disappear in misterious circumstances'. After that you'll be able to see who the guy is, and decide accordingly

Alaiv: "That might work. I'll help Sizzle out with her shopping then. Good luck, we'll meet again this evening"
>>
No. 660704 ID: b86775
File 143890059224.jpg - (76.84KB , 800x570 , 03of3.jpg )
660704

You guide Flycatcher through the streets of the town, heading straight to the churches district.

Finding the church of the Unquenchable Flame is not a difficult task. No one would be able to miss the large brass portal, shaped like flames. And the two giant braziers, with red and yellow flames always dancing.

The door is guarded by a single soldier, holding a weirdly shaped spear in his hands.

Flycatcher: "Guess they want to make sure people know this is a church about fire, i guess?"

You laugh loudly and give a pat on his knee. 'Nice one' you say.

Flycatcher: "Nice what?"

Nice fellow, this ranidae. But you'll have to work on his humor during this adventure.
>>
No. 660707 ID: e114bc

>>660704
Inform the guard you are here to complete a delivery.
>>
No. 660709 ID: 3663d3

show the guard the letter. answer any questions honestly and succinctly.
>>
No. 660714 ID: 0f4536

Ok, so we have the magic blood, the sealed letter, and the unsealed letter. Lets not give away that we read the sealed letter and avoid mentioning the vial until we get a better feel for the situation.
Say that you would like to speak with Father Grimdoom. If he asks about what, tell him you found the body of a knight who was delivering a message to Father Grimdoom and you are here to complete the delivery and tell him the news about his comrade.
>>
No. 661093 ID: e553af
File 143907097061.jpg - (70.47KB , 770x600 , 01of2.jpg )
661093

You both approach the standing guard.

Guard: "Greetings, may the flame light your path and cast away the shadow of doubt. What brings you here to the church of the Unquenchable flame?"

>Inform the guard you are here to complete a delivery.

>show the guard the letter. answer any questions honestly and succinctly.

>Ok, so we have the magic blood, the sealed letter, and the unsealed letter. Lets not give away that we read the sealed letter and avoid mentioning the vial until we get a better feel for the situation.

You start talking, while flycatcher stands back and observe.

You present yourself and your friends, loudly. And tell him that you are here to complete a delivery.

Guard: "A... delivery?"

You present the bloodied letter and explain that you found the corpse of one of his comrade while coming to town, shred to bits by horrid fairies.

The guard opens his helmet and gives you a weird look. He then takes the letter from yoru hand and starts reading.

Guard: "You say you found this on a comr... oh no. Clamcrasher. He was such a promising knight."

You tell him that you burned the body following the creed of the church, and present him with the ashes. The guard takes it with a sad expression.

Guard: "I thank you, master Loudmouth. We'll see that his remains will be brought to the inner sacred fire and become one with it. Now, about that delivery..."
>>
No. 661097 ID: e553af
File 143907149806.jpg - (53.19KB , 600x600 , 02of2.jpg )
661097

>Say that you would like to speak with Father Grimdoom. If he asks about what, tell him you found the body of a knight who was delivering a message to Father Grimdoom and you are here to complete the delivery and tell him the news about his comrade.

You tell the guard that you'd like to speak personally with the father itself, to give the closed letter directly.

The guard shiftly moves his eyes to the side: "Uhm... that might be a problem, father Grimdoom is currently... not here..."

You ask him where he is, and that you'd really really need to talk to him.

Guard: "He's... uuuuh he's at the brothel..."

You ask where again.

Guard: "A-at the brothel. He left this morning and told us he'll be back later this evening." he says embarassed.
>>
No. 661098 ID: 3663d3

well, let's go found him then.
>>
No. 661109 ID: 1cebc8

Purchase miniature visor helmets for your eyes. Then you can go to the brothel
>>
No. 661111 ID: e114bc

>>661097
...I think he will be quite upset to be interrupted... but aren't we leaving today? I think we're going to have to interrupt him.
>>
No. 661211 ID: ea0ad9

>A-at the brothel.
Flycather's a bit inexperienced with that stuff, isn't he? Maybe this would be a good time to introduce him into such a world.
>>
No. 661221 ID: a19cd5

>>661211
this is the worst comment I've ever seen!

you KNOW he has to save his froggy loinjuice for sizzle-chan!
>>
No. 661223 ID: e114bc

Guys I don't think Ranidae even reproduce that way.
>>
No. 661332 ID: d4a543

Confirm whether this is Ludwig "Pious Hand" Grimdoom we're talking about, or somebody else with a similar name.
>>
No. 661399 ID: 3c17ca

>>661097
Determine why he is at the brothel, and if its no big deal, we go there too. Wont be an issue, this probably takes presidence over getting his rocks off. Worst case scenario? We gotta kill time. I am sure Takabanda knows how to kill some time at a brothel.
>>
No. 661833 ID: 34a64b

Tell the guard where you're staying and ask if Grimdoom can send you a message to meet whatever time he becomes available. You're not planning to stay too long, maybe add that?
>>
No. 661863 ID: 3468ce
File 143941039853.jpg - (85.51KB , 763x600 , 01of5.jpg )
661863

>Confirm whether this is Ludwig "Pious Hand" Grimdoom we're talking about, or somebody else with a similar name.

You ask to the guard the full name of the father in question.

Guard: "Father Ludwig Grimdoom. The Cyclop slayer, now known as 'Pious hand'"

uh-uh. So that is the same guy.

>Tell the guard where you're staying and ask if Grimdoom can send you a message to meet whatever time he becomes available. You're not planning to stay too long, maybe add that?

>Determine why he is at the brothel, and if its no big deal, we go there too. Wont be an issue, this probably takes presidence over getting his rocks off. Worst case scenario? We gotta kill time

You ask the guard if he can leave how long is going to take for Grimdoom to come back and if he can leave a message to him.

Guard: "I... I can't say how much it's going to take to be honest. He has been going there from time to time these last months and he never really came back at a fixed hour. Today was in kind of a rush and didn't even tell me if he'd come back in time for the evening prayer... I can give him a message of course. Let me know what you want."

You tell him where he can find you and that you need to contact him as soon as possible since you are leaving tomorrow.

You then greet the guard and leave the church district with Flycatcher.

Flycatcher: "So are we going back to the inn?"

Oh no, you tell your froggy friend. You have other plans.
>>
No. 661864 ID: 3468ce
File 143941083964.jpg - (104.68KB , 865x600 , 02of5.jpg )
661864

>well, let's go found him then.

>...I think he will be quite upset to be interrupted... but aren't we leaving today? I think we're going to have to interrupt him.

You tell Flycatcher that you are going to the brothel immediately and talk to him.

Flycatcher: "But... Didn't we say the guard to contact the guy?"

You tell him that you prefer to talk to him right now. Sometimes people tend to be less inclined to lie when they are found with their pants off. Litterally.

>Purchase miniature visor helmets for your eyes. Then you can go to the brothel

You think for a moment about taking something to conceal. But it would seriously not work. Flycatcher's uniquesness seems impossible to conceal.

>Flycather's a bit inexperienced with that stuff, isn't he? Maybe this would be a good time to introduce him into such a world.

You arrive at the brothel quickly. A sturdy large house with two floors, made of stone and wood. A large sign over the door says "Petra's house of secret delights".

You ask Flycatcher if he has ever gone to a brothel before.

Flycatcher: "No, what's in it?"

You quickly explain to him what a brothel is.

Flycatcher: "You guys are weird..."
>>
No. 661865 ID: 3468ce
File 143941131048.jpg - (102.45KB , 1100x600 , 03of5.jpg )
661865

You enter through the large door, weirdly devoided of a bouncer of other kind of guards.

The inside is colourful and smells of flower and alcohol. Several half naked females and males are entertaining costumers.

You quickly spot a female faelkin in a nice dress, which seems to not be busy and approach her.

Faelkin courtesan: "Greetings dear costumers. Welcome to 'Petra's house of secret delights'. How may i..." She pauses to move her hand sensually on her chest "...serve you?"

You wouldn't mind being serviced you tell her but unfortunately you are lacking coin at the moment and you are also there to see a person. You introduce yourself and your friend.

Faelkin courtesan "Oh. The famous Gottascream? It's an honour to see you here. Who are you looking for?"

You tell her that you are looking for a certain Ludwig Grimdoom, and that is quite important and urgent.

The girl gasps at the name. Then recompose herself and tells you: "S-sure. Wait here, please. I'll go."
>>
No. 661866 ID: 3468ce
File 143941164044.jpg - (40.63KB , 495x700 , 04of5.jpg )
661866

She quickly moves to the stairs and you notice that while going there she has passed near another courtesan and whispered something. You fakely check around the room, but you can easily feel that you are being watched.

After few second, a sensual voice calls you from the upper floor.

A gorgeous human female, wearing a white mask, a large puffy hat and a rather stylish dress is standing on the balcony, near the stairs.

Petra: "My name is Petra Lapisvisum, i'm the owner of this estabilishment. I've been told you are looking for Ludwig."

She pauses and passes her hand over the balcony. "He's currently busy and i don't want to bother him. I'll entertain you until he's done. Please follow me in my boudoir" She makes a gesture to the stairs and to a door behind her.
>>
No. 661868 ID: 3468ce
File 143941181295.jpg - (31.25KB , 540x540 , 05of5.jpg )
661868

You tell Petra that you'll be up immediately.

You turn smiling to your companion to tell him to move up, only to see his face contorted in a terrified grimace, sweating and panting loudly while staring at the woman.
>>
No. 661870 ID: e114bc

>>661868
Um. Ask him what's with the face, he looks terrified. Is it the mask?
>>
No. 661885 ID: 3c17ca

>>661868
I dont know if a gottascream can whisper, but see what is bothering him.
>>
No. 663011 ID: b8f9aa
File 143975381062.jpg - (53.49KB , 750x600 , 01of4.jpg )
663011

>Um. Ask him what's with the face, he looks terrified. Is it the mask?

>I dont know if a gottascream can whisper, but see what is bothering him.

Flycatcher seems to be really distressed. You have always imagined to have a cool head, and it was shown during the fight against those fairies. What's wrong?

You ask him what is making him act like this.

Flycatcher: "D-danger... W-we need to get out of here. Big danger."

He even activated both of his weird slime armors. And this is the guy that faced a demon alone.

Something is really not right.
>>
No. 663013 ID: b8f9aa
File 143975418637.jpg - (52.73KB , 600x620 , 02of4.jpg )
663013

You turn to the owner and smile. You tell her that your companion might not feel well, and that you'll come back later. In case, if Ludwig is still here.

You gently push the almost paralyzed Flycatcher toward the exit.

Only to find out it's closed, with two courtesans stalking the entrance.

They slowly draw slowly stilettoes from their clothes, smiling like nothing weird is happening. You look around, just to see that the other clients are too busy with the rest of the courtesans to even notice what's going on

Petra: "As i said. the person you are looking for iscurrently busy. Please follow me in my boudoir"

that phrase coming from the stairs doesn't sound like an invitation, but clearly like a order. An order that is better follow...
>>
No. 663014 ID: b8f9aa
File 143975442891.jpg - (80.49KB , 900x600 , 03of4.jpg )
663014

You slowly pull Flycatcher on the stairs, humming something to calm him down.

You can feel the powerful and irregular heartbeat of the ranidae as you reach the door of the room upstair.

Petra: "Enter"

You enter in a small room, with a sofa, two chairs and a small table. On the wall there are small paintings of various subjects. Curtains divide this room from what you imagine should be the actual bed chamber.

Petra: "Sit down, please"

You and Flycatcher sit on the sofa. You grab your horn and keep it ready. Flycatcher might have left most of his weapons at the tavern, but as long as you have your ancestor's instrument, you are never unarmed.
>>
No. 663016 ID: b8f9aa
File 143975481254.jpg - (43.29KB , 500x750 , 04of4.jpg )
663016

She calmly closes the door, locking all of you inside, and then sits elegantly on the chair in front of the sofa.

She remains silent for a couple of seconds, studying you and your companion.

Then she coldly says: "Now. Tell me why you want to speak with Father Grimdoom. What brings you here."

She then touches her mask and adds "And don't lie to me. I don't have patients for liars."

Near you, Flycatcher's breath has become more and more rapid. He seems to be on the brink of fainting.
>>
No. 663022 ID: bb78f2

My friend isn't doing very well. Could we do this later? I'm concerned for him, he's a new adventurer and found himself sensitive to weird, unexplainable things and he's picking up danger in this building. Do you have a ghost or demon on the premises?

If that fails, screw it DROP ALL PRETENSES:
We just want to visit Grimdoom to ensure he's gotten a package and message that belongs to his ears only. If you have problems with that information being for his ears and eyes only, take it up with the church. He'd have issue with it if you directly asked him also. Unless, like, maybe he's possessed or something. Which has happened to previous member's of the church, if I do recall my history correctly. I don't want to spread accusations or something, but my sensitive friend IS sensing danger. We all MIGHT want to leave soon.

I know this is stupid to ask a possessed person, but are you and any of your employee's also possessed? Never been strong-armed by ladies of the night before I even asked for service before, so I will say that everything is quite odd.
>>
No. 663023 ID: 82c018

Tell her the same thing you told the guard. Found a dead knight, read the unsealed letter, the delivering sealed letter (if she asks we can truthfully say we didn't open it). If she asks abut if he was delivering something we can say that he had a large vial with him but it had broken.

(Do you have directional attacks so as not to also hit Flycatcher if a fight breaks out? Also, is that a window behind her? We should start planning an escape route.)
>>
No. 663026 ID: a107fd

Explain honestly, but keep details to a minimum until pressed. Allow her to reveal hints of her own agenda in the form of follow-up questions.

Ponder architecture. Is there an exterior wall which you could blast through as an escape route, if the situation escalated further?
>>
No. 663030 ID: ab7529

>flycatcher's freaked out
Um. I wonder if that demonic soul-exposure means he can recognize them now. Is it possible the madam is a succubus magically hiding her appearance?

Otherwise, I don't recognize her mask or her pendant as significant, and I'm not sure what else he could be reacting too.

>Now. Tell me why you want to speak with Father Grimdoom. What brings you here.
Short and simple version. We have something we think belongs to him. We came across a messenger of his in the wilderness, felled by savage fairies. We come bearing our condolences at this loss, and to deliver the property that did not make it's way to him originally.

If she asks what the delivery was: well, that's a question for Father Grindoom, should he care to ask. I'm not in the habit of gossiping about the contents of other's mail.
>>
No. 663031 ID: e114bc

>>663016
I think you are in the presence of a succubus. Got any anti-demon songs you can use on fleshy versions?

Tell her you need to talk to him about a dead knight. Don't mention a delivery, she will try to take it from you. Don't mention the blood either.
>>
No. 663042 ID: b6178d

>>663016

Explain away Flycatcher's paralysis as him having had a bad time of things lately, no reason to let her know we've got her pegged as someone distressingly dangerous.

Two approaches to this:

1) Get out of dodge as fast as possible, relinquishing the minumum amount of information she asks for, truthfully.

2) Lie or be obtuse to garner more information from her. In this case, do not remain on the back foot. Counter questions with cutting remarks of your own. Why is a brothel madame so concerned with an errand of the church's? Ludwig is a holy man, of impeccable character, supposedly, and this concerns him, not her, unless she has a good reason to speak for him... and why would she?

While you have a great deal of understanding that everyone need to let off some steam, this seems highly irregular. What is SHE to the church of the Unquenchable Flame?

While this goes on, be ready to do what a gottascream gotta do.

Make some noise. Make all the noise.
>>
No. 663224 ID: ea0ad9

>"Now. Tell me why you want to speak with Father Grimdoom. What brings you here."
>"And don't lie to me. I don't have patients for liars."
Miss Petra, while I cannot break a vow of secrecy, from both myself or another, I also do not like to lie, and have no intentions of doing so.
On our trip here, we spotted what seemed to be a Roc, and fled into the forest to avoid being spotted. While off the trail, we encountered the corpse of a poor soldier of the Unquenchable Flame, who was slain by a group of Red Caps. After slaying the demons, we checked the man's body for evidence of who he was and what happened, and happened to find a letter containing the man's orders, as well as another letter, addressed to the Father, attached.
The orders said to bring the letter, and a certain object, to Father Grimdoom, as well as to not open them. I percieve such orders as a request of secrecy, and will honor them, and so I have not opened his letter, and will not be telling you what the object was.
>>
No. 663226 ID: cf91e4

>>663016
...How sure are you that she's human?
If she's not, then Grimdoom's visits might be for something else.
>>
No. 663293 ID: 1cebc8

"Well then I guess it's time to go except I'd like to rent a room so I guess I'll just reserve something for like next month okay thanks for your patronage bye FLYCATCHER HURRY UP"

Seriously, what goes on here? Just wait outside for Grimdoom.
>>
No. 663646 ID: e4abe1

>>663016
Fuck! That's not a succubus at all!
We got enough hint on what she is!
If she try to remove her mask make the loudest noise you can do, so she can't do anything but cover her ears and jump out of the window!
>>
No. 663710 ID: e114bc

>>663646
What is she, then? A vampire?
>>
No. 663712 ID: 99cfa8

>>663710
>>663646
Damn, you're right, it's obvious now you said; she's a gorgon. Although I'm guessing the effect isn't the classic turning to stone but rather something to do with losing your willpower... Any case though don't look at her without her mask.
>>
No. 663716 ID: e114bc

>>663712
Gorgon?! Then she's hiding her snake hair under the hat... and snakes commonly preying on frogs means that Ranidae likely have some sort of racial ability to detect snakes, so that's why Flycatcher could tell.
>>
No. 663718 ID: f1bc1f
File 143993297780.jpg - (52.95KB , 680x600 , 01of5.jpg )
663718

>Ponder architecture. Is there an exterior wall which you could blast through as an escape route, if the situation escalated further?

The room is windowless and it only has two openings, one leading to the bedroom, covered with curtains and the other one is the door that she has closed. There are no real ways out.
You brace your horn closer, just in case.

>My friend isn't doing very well. Could we do this later? I'm concerned for him, he's a new adventurer and found himself sensitive to weird, unexplainable things and he's picking up danger in this building. Do you have a ghost or demon on the premises?

>I know this is stupid to ask a possessed person, but are you and any of your employee's also possessed? Never been strong-armed by ladies of the night before I even asked for service before, so I will say that everything is quite odd.

>"Well then I guess it's time to go except I'd like to rent a room so I guess I'll just reserve something for like next month okay thanks for your patronage bye FLYCATCHER HURRY UP" Seriously, what goes on here? Just wait outside for Grimdoom.

You smile and tell her that if it is a bad time you both can come back another time. You tell her that your companion is not doing so well and it might be better to just go see a healer, but she cuts you short.

Petra: "You are not going anywhereuntil i know what you are planning"
>>
No. 663719 ID: f1bc1f
File 143993318432.jpg - (44.12KB , 540x700 , 02of5.jpg )
663719

>...How sure are you that she's human? If she's not, then Grimdoom's visits might be for something else.

You ponder

>I think you are in the presence of a succubus. Got any anti-demon songs you can use on fleshy versions?

>Um. I wonder if that demonic soul-exposure means he can recognize them now. Is it possible the madam is a succubus magically hiding her appearance? Otherwise, I don't recognize her mask or her pendant as significant, and I'm not sure what else he could be reacting too.

She doesn't look at all like a succubus. Those kind of demons are way larger and are unable to speak. This came from this world, you are sure of it.

You try to buy sometime, pointing out how distressed Flycatcher is

Petra: "I know, his race always had problems with my kind"

Her... kind...

>Fuck! That's not a succubus at all!
>We got enough hint on what she is!
>If she try to remove her mask make the loudest noise you can do, so she can't do anything but cover her ears and jump out of the window!

>Damn, you're right, it's obvious now you said; she's a gorgon. Although I'm guessing the effect isn't the classic turning to stone but rather something to do with losing your willpower... Any case though don't look at her without her mask.

Ooooh, This is going to be a problem.

You ask her if the mask is not just for showing.

Petra: "It's not" she answers while she grabs her hat, pulling it off.
>>
No. 663721 ID: 334db2

uuuuuuh we'll take your word for it
>>
No. 663722 ID: f1bc1f
File 143993355486.jpg - (51.12KB , 540x700 , 03of5.jpg )
663722

You grab your horn tightly, while she's still pulling.

Petra: "DON'T

You find yourself unable to move as you want, while petra removes her hat completely, pulling off the blonde wig as well, revealing a slithering mass of snakes instead.
You can hear Flycatcher gasping loudly right next to you.

Petra: "Let me make this clear, Sir Gottascream. I don't react well to people snooping around my estabilishment, especially bards that looks for scandals and other secrets."

You try again to move, you could be able to defeat her, if you can manage to put your mouth on the horn.

Petra: "DON'T

And again you find yourself unable to perform the task you planned.

This creature is powerful. She must be actually older than she looks.

You apologize for trying to use the horn, that it's a natural reaction to danger.

Petra: "Enough with that. Answer me. And answer me now. Or i swear that i will stop being gentle and remove my mask. And believe me. you. don't. want. that."
>>
No. 663725 ID: 8d9368

>>663722
Given that she can apparently control some of your actions just by speaking at you, answering her is probably the only option.
>>
No. 663726 ID: f1bc1f
File 143993398489.jpg - (53.42KB , 800x500 , 04of5.jpg )
663726

>Miss Petra, while I cannot break a vow of secrecy, from both myself or another, I also do not like to lie, and have no intentions of doing so.
On our trip here, we spotted what seemed to be a Roc, and fled into the forest to avoid being spotted. While off the trail, we encountered the corpse of a poor soldier of the Unquenchable Flame, who was slain by a group of Red Caps. After slaying the demons, we checked the man's body for evidence of who he was and what happened, and happened to find a letter containing the man's orders, as well as another letter, addressed to the Father, attached.
The orders said to bring the letter, and a certain object, to Father Grimdoom, as well as to not open them. I percieve such orders as a request of secrecy, and will honor them, and so I have not opened his letter, and will not be telling you what the object was.

>Tell her you need to talk to him about a dead knight. Don't mention a delivery, she will try to take it from you. Don't mention the blood either.

>Tell her the same thing you told the guard. Found a dead knight, read the unsealed letter, the delivering sealed letter (if she asks we can truthfully say we didn't open it). If she asks abut if he was delivering something we can say that he had a large vial with him but it had broken.

>Lie or be obtuse to garner more information from her. In this case, do not remain on the back foot. Counter questions with cutting remarks of your own. Why is a brothel madame so concerned with an errand of the church's? Ludwig is a holy man, of impeccable character, supposedly, and this concerns him, not her, unless she has a good reason to speak for him... and why would she?

>Explain honestly, but keep details to a minimum until pressed. Allow her to reveal hints of her own agenda in the form of follow-up questions.

Whatever she is able to do, it's only against phisical movements. You don't feel compelled to tell her everything, but you prefer to at least give her most of the base information. It's always better to not make a creature able to turn you into stone angry.

You start explaining what happened to you and your companions, how you faced monsters while coming here for another thing. You can't not notice a small twitch in her eyebrows and mouth when you mention Alaiv's presence.

You then tell her about the knight and the letter. You show her the opened bloodied one, which she reads quickly and puts back on the table. You then tell her that there is another letter and a package and that you preferred to give it directly to Grimdoom. And you say you wanted to do that mostly to see how the person look like and if there was anything fishy.

Petra: "I see..."
>>
No. 663730 ID: f1bc1f
File 143993460766.jpg - (56.24KB , 600x670 , 05of5.jpg )
663730

You have your confirmation that she isn't able to control your mental abilties, since you have easily avoided telling her you know the content of the package and the letter. That's good

Petra glares at Flycatcher: "Is that true ranidae?

Flycatcher nods repetively, with a terrified look on his face.

Petra: "Yes, i guess fear is the best truth serum you can get..."

She then turns her attention to you again

Petra: "I..."

Petra: "I have to apologize, Sir Gottascream. I was afraid you were just looking for some kind of scandal to sing in your ballads. And i don't wish harm to come to Grimdoom."

>While you have a great deal of understanding that everyone need to let off some steam, this seems highly irregular. What is SHE to the church of the Unquenchable Flame?

You ask her what's her relation to the church.

Petra: "I don't have any relation to those stuck up. Grimdoom however..."

She blushes slightly, turning her head away

Petra: "Grimdoom is different from a lot of people i have met in my life. One of the few decent ones. He's currently in another room, helping one of my girls. She's pregnant for the first time and she's really young. She has been having complications and no healer really cared about a whore... Grimdoom learnt about her and came here on his own whim. He has been taking care of her, and other girls for a couple months now. Then came a couple of nosy bastards, trying to blackmail him. I found them. They are now at the bottom of the river."

She stops, looking at the wall.

Petra: "The girl entered labor this morning, and i sent a message to him to come quickly. I have left him with her in her room. I hope everything goes well."

She turns her attention to you again.

Petra: "He told me that he'll do all that is possible to save both her and the child, and i believe him. So i hope you understand why i need to ask you to wait. I promise i'll let you meet him as soon as he's done."
>>
No. 663732 ID: ab7529

I think we can agree to wait. Her explanation is believable, and to be blunt, we're really not in a strong position to confront her even if we thought she was lying.

>I was afraid you were just looking for some kind of scandal to sing in your ballads.
Personally, you prefer great tales to scandals. And when your ballads are scandalous, they're generally about yourself.
>>
No. 663734 ID: e114bc

>>663730
PHEW. She's on our side, I guess. Are gorgons usually benevolent?

Well we have some time to kill. Talk! Ask about her. How did she come to own this establishment? How's business?
>>
No. 663739 ID: d90668

Tell her you do have access to some healing bardic magic and ask if you can be of assistance.
>>
No. 663744 ID: 3663d3

yes, perhaps you can play some kind of melody that can help?
>>
No. 663746 ID: bb78f2

>>663730
I must apologize too miss. Though I might suggest less throwing in rivers and more out of the doors. Attracts more attention at first, but it would eventually lead to a mob appearing out the door once people start noticing his blackmailers missing. You haven't petrified anyone important, have you? We MIGHT need to do some damage control for her in case of that.

Ugh, Grimdoom needed to be way more open about this situation with his people. The guard was so embarrassed when he revealed the location to us, no wonder anyone looking for him thought to blackmail him. A simple, "Oh, he's healing a pregnant night lady at a local brothel," and BAM, instant damage control that no one can actually blackmail him for.
>>
No. 663932 ID: ea0ad9

>So i hope you understand why i need to ask you to wait.
Do you have songs that would ease that along? The sound would draw attention, but you are also able to make rooms sound proofed.
>>
No. 663936 ID: dbe554

You should be more careful with your actions in the future, you threatened us with bodily harm, and petrification simply because of us asking about his location.

Do you think such a pious individual would enjoy knowing that you've done so in his name? Does he know you've murdered people for him?
>>
No. 665015 ID: 3b1d04
File 144053211085.jpg - (100.86KB , 730x830 , 01of3.jpg )
665015

>PHEW. She's on our side, I guess. Are gorgons usually benevolent?

Gorgons are rare creatures, mostly heard in tales nowadays. From those tales they are supposedly horrid monsters that turn people into stone with their gaze, but you have to admit you have never met a living one. She doesn't look too bad, though.

>I think we can agree to wait. Her explanation is believable, and to be blunt, we're really not in a strong position to confront her even if we thought she was lying.

>Well we have some time to kill. Talk! Ask about her. How did she come to own this establishment? How's business?

Your curiosity gets the best of you. After agreeing in waiting, you ask her about her story, if she'd be up to tell.

Petra: "Mh... I guess i can, but i'd have to ask you not to tell anyone outside this room."

You agree on that term too.

Petra: "I lived with my mother and sister in a cave, in a land far away from this one. I was the youngest in the family, my mother used to call me 'little gem'. Life was calm and nice. We spent most of our time singing and dancing in the caves. Until one day..."

She pauses and starts fiddling with her hat, putting it back on.

Petra: "One day a group of knights stormed the caves. They killed everyone. Our neighbours, my sister... My mother gave her life defending me. I was wounded by a sword and i lost half of my eyesight. She bought enough time for me to hide and told me to wait till i could hear nothing anymore. It was hell. I heard them laughting and... and chopping my family like animals. I think i stood still for almost two days, such was the fear i had. After that, i moved out of my hiding spot and looked for someone that could help me. No one was there anymore. I managed to clean my wounds and survive for months."

Her hands are still shaking, when she stops putting her hat.

Petra: "I was alone and afraid. I survived those months by eating plants and small animals, but i was becoming weaker and weaker. Then he appeared. An adventurer came inside the caves, looking for something. He told me he wasn't expecting to find me. I was too tired to even think to fight back. I told him to strike me down quickly, so that my pain could stop. But he didn't. He grabbed my hand and told me that everything would be fine. He nourished me and took care of me in those caves until i was strong enough to leave. He asked me to come with him, that he knew how difficult is for creatures like me to live proper lifes. He then taught me mannerism and history, and base knowledge, so that i could hide myself and survive, hidden amongst the civilized people. Years passed and i found myself stronger and stronger. I found those who killed my family. And i took revenge. It was a mistake, the city found about me and i had to flee, the gentle knight that took care of me helped me once more, by leading the people that were hunting me in wild goose chases, so that i could flee. I ended up here."

She gesture to the room.

Petra: "The previous owner of this estabilshment took me in. She told me that 'no matter what you are, a sister will always help a sister in need. And after she died, i took over the estabilshment. I take care of my girls, my sisters."
>>
No. 665016 ID: 3b1d04
File 144053288504.jpg - (29.31KB , 500x700 , 02of3.jpg )
665016

>Tell her you do have access to some healing bardic magic and ask if you can be of assistance.

>yes, perhaps you can play some kind of melody that can help?

>Do you have songs that would ease that along? The sound would draw attention, but you are also able to make rooms sound proofed.

You ponder for a minute about it, then you tell her that you might help with the girl. You know songs and hymns that can heal and ease the procedure.

She silently takes a couple of seconds, to study you. Then she thank you, and tell you that she'd be honored if you could help.

She order Flycatcher to stay in the room, to which he replies with a quick nod and a sigh. She then opens the door and tells you to follow her.

>Ugh, Grimdoom needed to be way more open about this situation with his people. The guard was so embarrassed when he revealed the location to us, no wonder anyone looking for him thought to blackmail him. A simple, "Oh, he's healing a pregnant night lady at a local brothel," and BAM, instant damage control that no one can actually blackmail him for.

While you two move through the corridor, you tell her that Grimdoom should have probably have made it clearer that he was coming here to help, instead of making people think that.

Petra: "Oh, he wasn't thinking about it at all. He thought it was obvious that he was coming here to help, so he didn't really wanted to waste time explaining.. He tends to do that. He is quite straight forward and practical." She blushes again. "The church doesn't see people from their circle being in touch with people like us anyway. So, in any case, bards would have twisted the thing into their own ways."

>I must apologize too miss. Though I might suggest less throwing in rivers and more out of the doors. Attracts more attention at first, but it would eventually lead to a mob appearing out the door once people start noticing his blackmailers missing. You haven't petrified anyone important, have you? We MIGHT need to do some damage control for her in case of that.

>You should be more careful with your actions in the future, you threatened us with bodily harm, and petrification simply because of us asking about his location.

She stops and turns her head to glare at you

Petra: "You should know more than anyone that bards tend to be the kind of people that won't stop until they get what they want. No matter what. The ones i... removed were anyway lowlife and generally douchebags. I didn't kill you immediately because you are a renowned bard, and your disappearance would have caused people to start asking around. I wanted to be sure you were an actual enemy. I can live with scandals, but i won't stand for anyone that wants to hurt... him" she coughs a little to cover her embarassment.

>Personally, you prefer great tales to scandals. And when your ballads are scandalous, they're generally about yourself.

She chuckles happily. "Oh my"

>Do you think such a pious individual would enjoy knowing that you've done so in his name? Does he know you've murdered people for him?

You ask her if Grimdoom knows about that.

Petra: "He doesn't. And i have to ask you to not tell him anyway. As i told you, we have our ways to deal with people, here. And he's too kind and selfless to do anything for himself. I felt the need to... uh... protect him"

You promise to keep the secret.

Petra: "Thank you, master Takabanda. You are a nice person"
>>
No. 665020 ID: 3b1d04
File 144053329378.jpg - (60.83KB , 800x520 , 03of3.jpg )
665020

You arrive at the end of the corridor. She knocks the door before opening it.

Inside the small room there is a bed where a young pregnant goblin girl is panting and screaming. A middle aged man, wearing a necklace with the Unquenchable Flame symbol on it is reciting prayers, with his eyes closed. His hand, covered in flames, over the girl's hear. You recognize the words. The man is casting a rather unconventional healing spell.

An old dwarf lady is also helping

Petra: "I'm sorry to bother you, Father Grimdoom."

He snaps out of his concentration, looking at Petra

Grimdoom: "Oh, Lady Lapisvisum. Sorry, i didn't see you come in. I'm doing the best that i can. I hope it can be enough."

The cleric looks rather tired, his face is pale and it looks like it hasn't shaved in a while.
>>
No. 665023 ID: 3663d3

start with something to give energy to the listeners. grimdoom and the mother to be both look like they could use some. then move on to to something that can help her specifically.
>>
No. 665026 ID: bb78f2

>>665020
These patients need Stamina music, stat.
And maybe something that also calms nerves and helps focus, while neither extending time perception or heightening pain, like the pain of birth. I don't know if you can target people specifically, but that should go primarily to Grimdoom.
>>
No. 665027 ID: cf91e4

>gentle knight
(huh, he looks a lot like Alaiv; wonder if she would recognize him as he is now. Also wondering why he ditched those pauldrons, and is that a shovel in his other hand?)

>unconventional healing spell
Unconventional how? Would it be used for anything specific?

Something to raise their spirits a bit, help has arrived!(then to the healing business)
>>
No. 665032 ID: 99cfa8

Do goblins birth litters or something? Because those two look like they've been at this for a while. >>665023 seems like a good plan.


>>665015
The "gentle knight" in that flashback appears to be Sir Alaiv. Which would explain her reaction to his name...
>>
No. 665060 ID: 57dfcc

>>665016
I might be more bothered by this if killing people who are jerks to you isn't SOP for adventuring parties, and this kind of setting in general.

>You recognize the words. The man is casting a rather unconventional healing spell.
Unconventional how?

>>665023
Seems a reasonable place to start. Something that fans or strengthens flames could also work as a backup, if his power is waning.
>>
No. 666971 ID: e1b2f1
File 144130679913.jpg - (55.28KB , 800x600 , 01of3.jpg )
666971

Petra introduces you, and you see Grimdoom expression turn into a tired smile.

Grimdoom: "I thank you, master Gottascream. I can use all the help i can find"

>Do goblins birth litters or something? Because those two look like they've been at this for a while.

Goblins tend to procreate more than a single child at time. Since it's the first time this goblin gal is giving birth, complications might occur. Probably the newborns are all tangled together or trying to push each other away.

>Unconventional how?

The way the spell works is not exactly a healing, more of a transfer. Grimdoom is passing his own life essence to the goblin, in order to make her strong enough to overcome any problems. It's a risky procedure. It drains life from the user.

The poor girl starts grunting, while you decide on what to do.
>>
No. 666975 ID: e1b2f1
File 144130710799.jpg - (49.91KB , 660x600 , 02of3.jpg )
666975

>start with something to give energy to the listeners. grimdoom and the mother to be both look like they could use some. then move on to to something that can help her specifically.

>These patients need Stamina music, stat.
>And maybe something that also calms nerves and helps focus, while neither extending time perception or heightening pain, like the pain of birth. I don't know if you can target people specifically, but that should go primarily to Grimdoom.

>Something to raise their spirits a bit, help has arrived!(then to the healing business)

>Seems a reasonable place to start. Something that fans or strengthens flames could also work as a backup, if his power is waning.

You tell to the entire room to be as quiet as possible, and to just focus on your voice.

And then you begin to sing.

First, a slow paced tune. To calm the nerves and relax the muscles.

Then a rapid and energetic song, to stimulate and energize everyone.

You alternate rhytms and beats to help regulating the breath of the gal, as her face starts to relax, as she start feeling the pain less and less.
>>
No. 666977 ID: e1b2f1
File 144130737011.jpg - (46.23KB , 600x600 , 03of3.jpg )
666977

After several minutes. The old dwarven lady grabs towels and exclaims that the children have finally come out.

She holds in her arm three small bundles of blankets and towels. Small green faces with large ears popping out. The goblin children breath softly and regular.

You check the mother, and she nods back at you, happy that the labour is over.

You lull her to sleep, and then turn to look at Grimdoom.


Grimdoom: "Thanks again for your help, Master Bard. I wasn't sure i would have been able to save everyone on my own. Consider myself in debt with you. Whatever you need, feel free to ask."

From his voice you can tell that he is extremely tired, yet happy about the results of your songs.
>>
No. 666978 ID: 3663d3

okay, give him the letter and explain how you got it. also say you know what was being transported, the vial broke and your alchemist cleaned it up. it was... surprising.
>>
No. 666979 ID: e114bc

>>666977
Hmm hmm. Well, inform Grimdoom that you are here with some unfortunate news. Ask to speak in private about it. Then explain the events in the woods, and deliver the blood and letter.

Also... hmm, I wonder if he can aid us in our quest? He seems to be a man of strong moral fiber... You would have to get permission from Flycatcher before saying anything of importance, however.
>>
No. 666988 ID: 0099e1

Tell him you came by to talk but it can wait until we are back upstairs.

Then once you are there deliver the news.
>>
No. 666991 ID: 1cebc8

You want the blood.

Explain to Grimdoom that it was contaminated anyway - redcaps smelled the courier, planned out an assault, and bum rushed the poor guy. By the time you found them, his horse had a hole large enough for you to fit in.
>>
No. 667049 ID: 57dfcc

>Whatever you need, feel free to ask.
We only need to speak with him, when he is able.
>>
No. 667188 ID: ea0ad9

>>667049
This. Otherwise, we're here to deliver something to him.
>>
No. 668341 ID: e72da5
File 144173775229.jpg - (44.47KB , 660x600 , 01of2.jpg )
668341

>We only need to speak with him, when he is able.

>Tell him you came by to talk but it can wait until we are back upstairs.

>Hmm hmm. Well, inform Grimdoom that you are here with some unfortunate news. Ask to speak in private about it.

>we're here to deliver something to him.

You tell Grimdoom that you aren't here by chance. That you were looking for him at the church. And that you need to talk to him.

Grimdoom: "Oh, sure" He answers with a tired voice. "We can go back to the church immediately and talk there."

Petra comes between the two of you: "You look tired, father."

Grimdoom: "I... i am fine, don't worry about me, Lady Lapisvisum. The spell i was casting is draining on me. But at least it helped."

You suggest that you might get back to Petra's room and let him rest there while talking, without stressing him too much.

Grimdoom: "I don't want to bother too much."

Petra, blushing: "N-no, p-please stay. My Room is only few step away. You are welcome to relax there and recover your strenght. I... I insist."

Grimdoom: "In that case... i'll accept the offer"

You'd wish you could snirk a little at seeing Petra acting like a young blushful girl, but you are sure it's really better not alter a Gorgon. Ever.
>>
No. 668342 ID: e72da5
File 144173868209.jpg - (51.96KB , 600x600 , 02of2.jpg )
668342

>Also... hmm, I wonder if he can aid us in our quest? He seems to be a man of strong moral fiber... You would have to get permission from Flycatcher before saying anything of importance, however.

Your party is already large enough to not allow new members without making problems in keeping the quest as secret as possible. You also don't really trust clerics too much. Especially clerics from the Unquenchable Flame, no matter how nice or good they look.

You move back to the room, where Flycatcher is still waiting, paralyzed by fear. You introduce him to the father, and then ask Petra to leave.

She begrudgingly accepts and leaves the three of you (well four, if you count Gianni, but gods know where the little fella is hiding at the moment...) alone.

>okay, give him the letter and explain how you got it.

>Then once you are there deliver the news.

You tell him about the encounter with the redcaps, and the deceased knight found in the middle of the road, how you found two letters, one addressed to him and decided to bring it to him directly.

He listens to you with a dire expression.

Grimdoom: "I shall prepare the funeral rituals myself when i get back. It's sad to see a promising youngling lose his life like this. May i see the letter?"

You hand him the letter, he rips it open and starts reading.

Grimdoom: "Oh no..."

he glares at you both, with a worried expression on his face.

Grimdoom: "Where you able to retrieve a box or a vial containing a dark-red liquid in it, perhaps?"

>also say you know what was being transported, the vial broke and your alchemist cleaned it up. it was... surprising.

>You want the blood. Explain to Grimdoom that it was contaminated anyway - redcaps smelled the courier, planned out an assault, and bum rushed the poor guy. By the time you found them, his horse had a hole large enough for you to fit in.

You reveal to him that you found a smashed vial that fit the description. You study his reaction as he turns pale and his expression turns more tired and sad.

Grimdoom: "Oh no..."

You then reveal that the alchemist you are questing with managed to recover part of it and purify it. But you want answers. You know what the church is planning to do with forbidden blood.

Grimdoom reels back, surprisingly more happy and relieved than worried. "May the Flame shines upon you all!"

He then pauses and looks at the door of the room, then moves closer to you and start whispering

Grimdoom: "We are trying to find a cure for a disease that is killing the miners. It's spreading quickly, and we are resorting to anything that could be helpful. Anything."
>>
No. 668343 ID: e114bc

>>668342
Well this is the first you've heard of a disease amongst their miners. Ask for more details.
>>
No. 668350 ID: 3663d3

does it only effect miners? ask for a description.
>>
No. 668351 ID: bb78f2

>>668342
Well, okay, as long as nothing super secretly evil is involved, we're fine with it. You know what, fuck it, be frank, tell them you found a way to read the contents of the letter without breaking the seal, and that you're concerned that the church's current leader sounds like a grade A asshole and a stereotypical villain from the way that letter sounds. Like how expendable he made that knight sound in the letter.

How long ago did the miners get sick?
>>
No. 668370 ID: 1cebc8

You do not intend to publicize the nature of your mission... yet. However, what you can explain is that you're holding something more important than the rarest blood in existence, hence the lack of avarice regarding alchemical ingredients.

So, if you can cure the miners can you keep the blood? Might be useful for the level of danger you're putting yourself in.
>>
No. 668408 ID: ea0ad9

>we are resorting to anything that could be helpful. Anything.
Sizzle is a fairly talented young alchemist, and has been looking forward to new works. Ask the father if he'd be willing to let her into help with the cure.
>>
No. 668459 ID: 57dfcc

Ask him to tell you about this illness.

(You're no alchemist, no idea how far the blood we have will go. How much would one need to brew a batch of a cure big enough?).

>>668351
No, no outing our spying. We gain nothing doing that.
>>
No. 668656 ID: df8c42
File 144182727864.jpg - (57.13KB , 600x650 , 01of2.jpg )
668656

>Well this is the first you've heard of a disease amongst their miners. Ask for more details.

>does it only effect miners? ask for a description.

>How long ago did the miners get sick?

>Ask him to tell you about this illness.

You ask to Grimdoom to tell you more about this sickness.

Grimdoom: "It started a month ago. The town is linked to a small mining colony upon the mountains."

Which is near the entrance of the dungeon you are all going, you mentally note to yourself.

"The sickness started with weird symptoms, the miners started to feel dizzy and tired. But they thought it was natural fatigue, due to overwork. But then, their skin started rotting, slowly. Their blood turned acid and burning their own organs. Painfully and slowly. We tried to cure them as best as we could. None of our spells worked on them. We sent messages to the capital to send help, and they sent an alchemis. He calls himself 'The charred one', as he told me he barely survived a fire in his laboratory and decided to turn to the Flame. A weird individual, but indefatigable and good at his work. He managed to contain the spread of the sickness. The miners are now confined into their own colony, every week we send them comforts and new experimental drugs to treat it."
>>
No. 668660 ID: df8c42
File 144182776781.jpg - (50.10KB , 600x600 , 02of2.jpg )
668660

>You do not intend to publicize the nature of your mission... yet. However, what you can explain is that you're holding something more important than the rarest blood in existence, hence the lack of avarice regarding alchemical ingredients.

>So, if you can cure the miners can you keep the blood? Might be useful for the level of danger you're putting yourself in.

>(You're no alchemist, no idea how far the blood we have will go. How much would one need to brew a batch of a cure big enough?).

You ask him what do they intend to do with the blood. How much will they need.

Grimdoom: "I have no idea. The charred One asked to get a sample, i don't know how much it needs, but i know he needs it to experiment, before moving into full production of the cure.

>Sizzle is a fairly talented young alchemist, and has been looking forward to new works. Ask the father if he'd be willing to let her into help with the cure.

You tell GrimDoom that you and your party might give a hand, since you are heading in that direction anyway.

Grimdoom: "It's not completely safe, but if you want to check on them, feel free. May i ask why are you going north? Also, do you have the blood with you right now?"
>>
No. 668664 ID: bb78f2

>>668660
No, the sample is not on me at the moment, still waiting on results from our alchemist I think. Annnnnd I wanted to make sure you weren't going to kill me for it anyway, or silence me or whatever for the greater good. No insult intended.

That disease sounds much more like a curse than a disease if it can turn blood corrosive. Can the blood really cure even that? Your miners probably dug up something they shouldn't have without realizing it. Some old necromancer's workshop or something.
>>
No. 668670 ID: e114bc

We DO have the blood. Too bad Sizzle didn't tell anyone in the party that she suspects this guy is using alchemical duplication. We can't bring that up here. Just deliver it.

Tell him you're going dungeon diving, coincidentally near the mine. It's possible something in the dungeon is causing the disease, so during our adventures we might eliminate the source!
>>
No. 668675 ID: 3663d3

i think we can explain that this adventure started fighting a demon, and that that dungeon has pointed you towards this one. perhaps demonic influence is as work?



also, be sure to ask S'shimh if she heard any curses over the place to drive away people that got near.
>>
No. 669196 ID: 7f7329
File 144208959971.jpg - (52.58KB , 615x600 , 01of3.jpg )
669196

>i think we can explain that this adventure started fighting a demon, and that that dungeon has pointed you towards this one. perhaps demonic influence is as work?

You explain that you have been enlisted to go dungeon delving by a friend. You explain that your ranidae friend has conquered a dungeon where a demon was trapped. You carefully avoid telling him about anything related to dragons and ranidae in general, telling him instead that you have leads to another dungeon related to the previous one, situated in the mountain.

GrimDoom: "I see. Quite a feat, to take down a demon all by yourself, Sir Flycatcher"

Flycatcher replies with a croack, still gleering at the room's door.

>We DO have the blood. Too bad Sizzle didn't tell anyone in the party that she suspects this guy is using alchemical duplication. We can't bring that up here. Just deliver it.

>That disease sounds much more like a curse than a disease if it can turn blood corrosive. Can the blood really cure even that? Your miners probably dug up something they shouldn't have without realizing it. Some old necromancer's workshop or something.

>Tell him you're going dungeon diving, coincidentally near the mine. It's possible something in the dungeon is causing the disease, so during our adventures we might eliminate the source!

You tell Grimdoom that you have the bloodvial with you and you give him the package Sizzle gave you, and wonder if maybe the diseases and their quest might be related. Probably a demonic influence might have been discovered in the mines, or some sort of weird laboratory has been opened to the air.

GrimDoom: "It's a possibility. We have yet not managed to get a squad to dwelve into the mines, we focused our efforts to save the miners. We sealed the mines for now, hoping to contain. If your adventure causes you to find out the source of the sickness, i hope you'll let me know. I promise i can reward you well. Oh! Speaking of rewards..."

He starts rummaging in his backpockets.
>>
No. 669200 ID: 7f7329
File 144208983562.jpg - (29.30KB , 600x500 , 02of3.jpg )
669200

Grimdoom: "Here, take this. A token of my appreciation for your help!"

He hands you a small bottle that seem to contain a weird concotion. It looks like a gelatinous fire.

Grimdoom: "This is something we have recently developed for fighting undeads and demons. It might came in handy. It's a sacred liquid fire. It reacts when in contact with demons or undeads and burst into magical holy flames that can't be quenched by water."

You thank him and pocket the bottle.

Grimdoom: "Well, i think it's time for me to go back to the church."

You nod and tell Flycatcher that it's probably time you go back to the tavern too.

Flycatcher: "I still need to buy stuffs. I'll meet you back there"
>>
No. 669201 ID: 7f7329
File 144209042584.jpg - (39.22KB , 440x640 , 03of3.jpg )
669201

>> YOU ARE NOW FLYCATCHER VATTELAPESKA

Boy you are glad you finally got out of that place! Never been so scared in your whole life.

Well, at least you delivered the package and you are free to buy anything you need.

>also, be sure to ask S'shimh if she heard any curses over the place to drive away people that got near.

Probably going to do that tonight. Shopping comes first.

You currently have 268 pieces of gold.

Armorsmith Wares:
- Leather armor 25 GP
- Studded leather armor 50 GP
- Breastplate armor 100 GP
- Chainmail armor 200 GP
- Plate armor 500 GP
- SteelSilk mail 100 GP
- SteelSilk mantle 120GP
- Round shield 40 GP
- Kite shield 75 GP
- Helmet 50 GP
- Blade helmet 60 GP
- Spiked gauntlets 80 GP
- Ornaments (+10GP per piece)

Weaponsmith Wares:
- Razor-whip 30 GP
- Battle axe 40 GP
- Warmace 50 GP
- Warhammer 55 GP
- Dagger 15 GP
- Short sword 40 GP
- Long sword 60 GP
- Falchion 60 GP
- Halberd 50 GP
- Short spear 20 GP
- Spear 25 GP
- Crossbow 100 GP
- Shortbow 60 GP
- Longbow 100 GP
- Bolts/Arrows 1 GP per 10 pieces.
- Spiked Chain 25 GP

Wares:
- Enchantments: Weapon 200 GP (Water: Weapon will never rust, Earth: Weapon hardness increased, Fire: Weapon can light up, Air: Weapon is lighter)
- Enchantments: Gear 200 GP (will increase the durability of the gear)
- Hovering torch 150 GP (elemental in a sphere)
- Trollgut elixir 60 GP (Makes you immune to poison and allows you to consume hard food)
- Rage elixir 50 GP (Empowers your strength but your aggressive attidute skyrockets)
- Sleep potions 60 GP (allows to sleep without problems)
- Medallion of safety 300 GP(will absorb a spell casted against you. Can be recasted later by breaking the medallion)
- Magical chest 250 GP (larger inside, can contain up to 100 KG of items. Items inside are protected and stored into a magical dimension)
- Bat earrings 200 GP (When activated will grant you extremely powerful hearing, at the cost of making your sight worse)
- Unmovable nails 100 GP (when hit and activated, nothing will be able to remove them from their positions. A bag contains 12 nails)
- Magic tablets 75 GP (magic runes inscribed on small clay tablets. They contain a single spell that can be casted by breaking the tablet. Spells available are: Haste (Air: will make you faster for a brief period), Thunder (Lighting: will cause a loud sound at a target location), Elemental resistance (Multiple: will make you resistant to one aligned element), Geyser (Water: It will create a powerful waterblast where the haste tablet is thrown after being activated), Icegrasp (Ice: a ghostly cold hand attacks a target enemy, reducing his own temperature with each hit), Levitation (Air, will make you levitate and fly, but slowly).
- Magic rings 450 GP ( similar to magic runes but can reuse the same spell once per day)

What to buy?

(off): You can also decide what Sizzle wants to buy: She has 295 gold pieces on her and she's planning to buy alchemical items for up to 170 gold pieces from previous suggestions
>>
No. 669204 ID: e114bc

>>669201
Okay, get the SteelSilk mail. Straightforward armor upgrade. Hopefully we can get some money back from the barely-used leather. Pass on the mantle because NO CAPES!
Get some Unmovable Nails too. Those damn things are POWERFUL. That'll be it for Flycatcher's shopping. 200g well spent.

Sizzle should buy some SteelSilk mail too since she has no armor at all and I imagine she's not good with heavy armor. Or maybe something cheaper if she's not comfortable wearing the SteelSilk- I'm sure basic leather is light too. I'm sure she's not planning on getting close to danger, but there are ways to get hurt even if you're not in the thick of things. Having some armor is important!
>>
No. 669227 ID: 1cebc8

>>669200
This might be useful. But it might react badly to S'shi'mh or Alaiv.

>>669204
Test the magical chest with Gianni. If that doesn't work then buy some armor for Sizzle. For now, just replace armor pieces when your squad's armor gets damaged or you gain intel on better-equipped enemies.
>>
No. 669256 ID: 3663d3

>>669204
sounds good.
>>
No. 669301 ID: 149da0

>>669200
That's awesome, considering we expect more demons eventually.

>Never been so scared in your whole life.
Even when the demon was killing you?

>>669204
This seems solid.
>>
No. 669570 ID: d47bc8
File 144225904336.jpg - (94.97KB , 870x600 , 01of02.jpg )
669570

>Even when the demon was killing you?

Snakes are way scarier than demons. Waaaaaaaay scarier.

You wonder for a moment if Demon snakes might be a thing. You decide that you prefer not to know about that.

>Okay, get the SteelSilk mail. Straightforward armor upgrade. Hopefully we can get some money back from the barely-used leather. Pass on the mantle because NO CAPES!

>This seems solid.

You go straight to the armorer shop to get the steelsilk that caught your attention the previous day. Surprisingly you meet Sizzle there.

Sizzle: "Oh hey! How did it go?"

You tell her that you gave back the package, receiving a disappointed sigh from her.

Narciso appears from the back of the shop with what looks like steelsilk armor folded in his arms.

Narciso: "Here, miss. I think this should fiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIYOUAGAIN!"

he points angrily at you, while Sizzle introduces you as one of her companions. He looks at you with disgust and ask what you want again.

You tell him that you are here to make a purchase similar to your friend. He begrudgingly gets you a similar tunic and you both try it on. It's incredibly light and nice to the touch. Sizzle points out that it can easily be hidden under clothes or other armor, making it incredibly useful.

You both pay and Sizzle ask if she can tag along to finish the shopping.

>Test the magical chest with Gianni. If that doesn't work then buy some armor for Sizzle. For now, just replace armor pieces when your squad's armor gets damaged or you gain intel on better-equipped enemies.

>Get some Unmovable Nails too. Those damn things are POWERFUL.

Your second spot is to get to the magical shop.
The magical chest is nice and works properly, but you don't feel the need to buy one yet. You aren't overcumbered yet.
You finish the round of shopping by purchasing the unmovable nails and then help Sizzle buy and carry her new alchemical equipment back to the tavern.
>>
No. 669571 ID: d47bc8
File 144225923705.jpg - (48.64KB , 620x550 , 02of02.jpg )
669571

>also, be sure to ask S'shimh if she heard any curses over the place to drive away people that got near.

After dinner, you enter the mindlink and describe to S'shi'mh what happened and tell her about the possible demonic curse in the mines.

S'shi'mh: "I don't think that sickness has anything to do with demons"

You ask her why so

S'shi'mh: "As you describe that, it sounds way more similar to Mud Dragon Magic"
>>
No. 669574 ID: 1cebc8

>>669571
Earth and Water, right? So as a water dragon, can you help?

So how does Mud Dragon Magic work? Can it be inscribed into mud or does it have to be cast by those trained by dragons?
>>
No. 669586 ID: c09e36

>>669570
Remark how it's almost like you and Sizzle are on a date. Or a girl's shopping spree.

>>669571
Ask for more info on mud dragon magic. Who practices it? Would there be people in the area who are likely to know it?
>>
No. 669596 ID: 149da0

>You tell her that you gave back the package, receiving a disappointed sigh from her.
We got some kind of demon killing blessed alchemical fire in return, though. Maybe that'll pique her interest?

>Narciso, angry
Geeze, what's got his pointy ears in a knot? All we did last time was not buy anything.

>"As you describe that, it sounds way more similar to Mud Dragon Magic"
Really? Um. Then do you have any idea how it could be treated, reversed, stopped? Or who might be using it, if not a mud dragon?
>>
No. 669597 ID: 8520bc

If it is effecting the miners than it will likely be indiscriminate enough to effect us as well if we get close. What can we do to prevent that? (Mud dragon curses flying around would make me suspect that a dragon there got infected with a demon parasite, but if a dragon got taken over by demons I'd think it would do more than just sit in a cave and curse passers by.)
>>
No. 669598 ID: e114bc

>>669571
How can it be cured?
>>
No. 669721 ID: a107fd

>>669570
>You aren't overcumbered yet.

Key word being "yet." What happens if you go somewhere that has a lot of good loot, more than you can carry? It'd also be a safer place to stash the dragon egg.
>>
No. 670156 ID: 097f2d
File 144251468098.jpg - (66.31KB , 555x800 , 01of2.jpg )
670156

>Key word being "yet." What happens if you go somewhere that has a lot of good loot, more than you can carry? It'd also be a safer place to stash the dragon egg.

You realize it might have been a good thing to get one, but your current money situation would not allow it.

>Earth and Water, right?

>So how does Mud Dragon Magic work? Can it be inscribed into mud or does it have to be cast by those trained by dragons?

>Ask for more info on mud dragon magic. Who practices it? Would there be people in the area who are likely to know it?

>who might be using it, if not a mud dragon?

You ask more about Mud Dragons.

S'shi'mh: "Mud dragons are one of the possible spawns born from water and earth dragons. Their breath is a powerful poison that is able to rot almost everything. Their magic relates mostly to avid and poison. Which is what i imagined is causing the sickness you are talking about."

You ask her if that means that there might still be a dragon under the mountain, or at least someone that was taught magic by one.

S'shi'mh: "Probably! It would be great if the dragon was still alive, but it makes no sense that it has never shown itself outside the dungeon... Maybe something similar to what happened in my temple went off there, and the dragon is trapped there, or cursed the entire place, trying to fight the demons? I really hope that won't be the case... "
>>
No. 670157 ID: 3663d3

well that's both good and bad. good because it could give us someone to ask about the hatching ritual. i am sure they would love to have another dragon to talk to, especially one that has a common element with it. but it could also be like, a zombie dragon.
>>
No. 670158 ID: 097f2d
File 144251528230.jpg - (31.16KB , 440x600 , 02of2.jpg )
670158

>So as a water dragon, can you help?

>Really? Um. Then do you have any idea how it could be treated, reversed, stopped?

>How can it be cured?

You ask S'shi'mh if there are ways of curing this curse or sickness

S'shi'mh: "Definitively. Once i'm out of this egg i should be able to dispel the curse myself, or at least remove the water element of it, which should make it powerless. But i can't do anything while i'm still stuck in this egg, unfortunately. On other note, if a dragon is still alive, and not dead or... possessed as you suggested, i should be able to convince it to stop the curse on its own."

>If it is effecting the miners than it will likely be indiscriminate enough to effect us as well if we get close. What can we do to prevent that?

You tell her that you fear that since the sickness/curse is affecting miners it might as well infect you and your companions. You ask her if there are ways around.

S'shi'mh: "Uhmmm"

She fidgets for a moment, then she writes a glowing rune in front of you

S'shi'mh: "When you get back from the mindlink, draw this rune on either yourself or something you are carrying. It will protect you from the curse. It has no power for the ones that are already been cursed, but it will prevent people that aren't cursed yet to succumb to it."
>>
No. 670161 ID: 3663d3

memorize the hell out of that rune.
>>
No. 670164 ID: e114bc

>>670158
Is that drawn from our perspective or hers?
>>
No. 670170 ID: bb78f2

>>670164
Yeah, like, do runes matter if they're flipped or not?
>>
No. 670176 ID: d66a73

Are we the only one who can make these runes? I feel like we should tell GrimDoom about the rune though perhaps not about the dragon parts. Tell him that it is traditional Ranidae water magic (which water dragon magic technically is) that might help as a preventative if the miners' affliction is indeed mud magic.
>>
No. 670184 ID: e114bc

>>670176
He'd want to find out how we got the rune, and we have no good cover story for that. Doesn't really matter since we're going to be fixing whatever the problem is.
>>
No. 670234 ID: d66a73

>>670184
We can simply say it is ancestral magic of our tribe, which considering the ranidae/dragon history we found in the temple is the (incomplete) truth.
>>
No. 670239 ID: 149da0

>>670158
Thank her, that will be very useful.

We should talk to Sizzle about what we should use to paint / inscribe the rune with. We probably don't need to tattoo the whole party, but we want runes that won't smudge or scratch or otherwise get ruined easy.

(We should also paint the rune on the egg, too, just in case).
>>
No. 670241 ID: 3663d3

>>670234
so why didn't we bring it up in the first talk?
>>
No. 670274 ID: 0f1c4d

>>670241
We were to distracted by the SNAAAAAKES, so we just thought of it now.
>>
No. 670517 ID: 91ee5f

>>670274
Don't worry about it! Next time we see a snake we can just smile at it and it'll either run away, have a heart attack and die, or explode like that mirror from earlier did! XD
>>
No. 670531 ID: df10ca

>>670158
Would she mind if we shared that symbol with others?
>>
No. 670942 ID: 9aa6a0
File 144278008049.jpg - (48.34KB , 640x500 , 01of3.jpg )
670942

>memorize the hell out of that rune.

>Is that drawn from our perspective or hers?

>Yeah, like, do runes matter if they're flipped or not?

You ask her if she's drawing it from her perspective or yours

S'shi'mh: "Yours. And it would be better if you remember to draw it correctly, unless you want to make yourself unable to breath air for a while. Now, imagine it and draw it, until you burn it in your memory."

it takes you a good amounts of tries till S'shi'mh seems to be content with your writing.

S'shi'mh: "Good. That's it. Now, just remember to draw one either on you or something you are going to wear."

>Are we the only one who can make these runes? I feel like we should tell GrimDoom about the rune though perhaps not about the dragon parts. Tell him that it is traditional Ranidae water magic (which water dragon magic technically is) that might help as a preventative if the miners' affliction is indeed mud magic.

>We should talk to Sizzle about what we should use to paint / inscribe the rune with. We probably don't need to tattoo the whole party, but we want runes that won't smudge or scratch or otherwise get ruined easy.

>Would she mind if we shared that symbol with others?

You ask her if you can get some help from others in drawing the rune, just to be sure.

S'shi'mh:[i]"Of course you can. Let your companions be protected too, and if they have a more stable hand than yours, let them draw the rune for you."


You then ask if you can show the rune to the clerics of the unquenchable flames

S'shi'mh:"No"

You stare at her.

S'shi'mh:"Don't get me wrong. You said that they already managed to contain the sickness on their own. The rune would not help them any more and i fear it would would make them curious about the origin. Your patron friend told you that we should move unseen and keep this a secret. I'm sure he might have his reasons to suggest this course of action"

You have to agree with her that it makes sense.

>Thank her, that will be very useful.

You thank her for her help again

S'shi'mh:"It's a queen duty to look after her servants! No need to thank." she replies with glee.
>>
No. 670953 ID: 9aa6a0
File 144278041452.jpg - (77.13KB , 760x600 , 02of3.jpg )
670953

The next morning, after breaking out of the mindlink, you meet your group at the table.

Each one of them already packed and ready to go.

You tell them what S'shi'mh told you, and show them the rune, explaining how it works.

Alaiv: "A draconic curse? Amazing. And dangerous. I wonder what could have caused something like that."

Sizzle: "I have a special ink with me. It's waterproof and resistant to scratches. Mages use it to write their magical scrolls. I can use it to scribble the rune on our clothes without problem"

>(We should also paint the rune on the egg, too, just in case).

You ask her if she can also write the rune on S'shi'mh's eggshell and on Gianni's necklace.

Sizzle: "Of course. It's not a problem!"
>>
No. 670961 ID: 2ccbb3

>>670942
Ack, I think the rune is slightly different from what S'shi'mh did. Double check the top of the rune.
>>
No. 670962 ID: 9aa6a0
File 144278088439.jpg - (72.39KB , 520x800 , 03of3.jpg )
670962

Alaiv grabs a map of the region.

Alaiv: "Master Gottascream told me about yesterday's encounter with Grimdoom."

He points to the image of a town, with something scribbled near it. You guess it says Redboat.

Alaiv: "We are here. And we should get here." He then points to another point in the north "The entrance of the dungeon that me and Swabluff found years ago."

He then points to a small drawing of a bunch of houses "Here we have the first abandoned mining outpost. They moved all the miners in Miners' rest, here" He taps on another image, on the right, similar to the previous one.

Alaiv: "Miners rest is where all the miners are being quarantined. It's situated in almost a day worth of travel from here. If you wanted to go check on them, we'll have to take a small deviation from our path. If we skip it, we can get to the dungeon in a day or two"

Alaiv then looks at the rest of the group: "So, what do you want to do? Straight to the dungeon, or do you want to check on the miners? To see the effects of the sickness?"
>>
No. 670983 ID: 2ccbb3

>>670962
Check on each of the miner outposts, then go to the dungeon. If the source of the disease is in the mines, you can go there next.
>>
No. 670991 ID: 3663d3

let's check on the miners.
>>
No. 670995 ID: e114bc

>>670962
We already know the symptoms, Grimdoom told us. I guess we haven't seen what an advanced case looks like, but I'm not sure how that would help.

I feel like we should go straight there. The faster we get this done, the more likely it will be for the miners to survive.
>>
No. 671032 ID: 149da0

>>670942
Her pragmatism / paranoia over sharing the symbol is probably warranted.

>>670962
We should probably check on the miners. They might have seen something or know something that could make the difference in the dungeon.
>>
No. 671036 ID: bb78f2

>>670962
I'm almost certain one of the mines broke into a deep part of the dungeon already. There's probably a shortcut there to where we need to go if mud dragon magic is there. Using one of the mines might save us valuable time instead of climbing all the way to the main entrance.

They probably cracked straight into the mud dragon's vault. A few more swings with a pickaxe might just skip the entire dungeon. And then we confirm that we need to collapse that part of the mine out when we leave and make sure no one can get in there again and endanger the mud dragon or whatever.

If we're worried about sick loot, well, the good stuff is always deep anyway, and we might skip a few deadly traps we might not be actually suited for.
>>
No. 671312 ID: dccc95

Straight to the dungeon. Don't risk yourself or your companions.
>>
No. 671970 ID: fa1a07
File 144303972093.jpg - (72.63KB , 760x570 , 01of4.jpg )
671970

(4 vs 3, going to the miners)

You tell the rest of the group that you should probably check on the miners, and maybe see what you are going to face in the dungeons. And maybe you could even check if the miners have broken inside the main dungeon, saving a lot of time.

Alaiv: "Mh. alright then."

You pack the remainder of your equipments, after writing a rune on everyone's stuff. You exit from the north gate, people already going in and out the town.
>>
No. 671972 ID: fa1a07
File 144304000345.jpg - (55.69KB , 656x600 , 02of4.jpg )
671972

You pass through the farm plots outside Redboat, following the road till you reach the river.

The river is large and its water are dark and faster than you'd imagine for a river of this size.

You move forward to the long stone bridge that connects the two banks together.
>>
No. 671974 ID: fa1a07
File 144304009061.jpg - (50.47KB , 800x500 , 03of4.jpg )
671974

When you arrive in the middle of the bridge, you stop.

You think you have heard something. And in fact, you hear something again.

??? : HEEELP!

The voice comes from the side of the bridge. Down in the river!
>>
No. 671976 ID: fa1a07
File 144304024143.jpg - (31.96KB , 605x550 , 04of4.jpg )
671976

You peek over the board of the bridge and you see a hand shaking violently in the river, quickly being pushed toward the bridge due to the violent speed of the water in the river.

The arm keeps disappearing and reappearing from the water, struggling and moving the water around, splashing.
>>
No. 671978 ID: 4780ef

can you use your frog tongue to wrap around his arm and pull him out?
>>
No. 671979 ID: 6a3260

My instinct says this is some sort of water creature trying to lure you in and eat you, but we can't afford to do nothing in case it isn't. Have the others brace you while you throw them a rope or grab him with your tongue.
>>
No. 671984 ID: bb78f2

Always use rope, and tie it to a tree instead of yourself before tossing it.

Do NOT use your tongue.

If you're going to use yourself in any capacity, ask Sizzle to give you a potion of firm planting or something at least, before you do something so reckless. Or water breathing. Wait, you're a frog.

Actually, hell, Sizzle, girl, throw down a potion of water breathing to the guy too, while we're at it.
>>
No. 671986 ID: 149da0

Sizzle has a rope and hook in inventory. Hook it on the edge, leave your pack on the bridge, and jump over.

"I sure hope this is actually someone in trouble and not a trap."

Luckily, if it is a trap, they're expecting a hapless land based creature, not an aquatic adventurer.
>>
No. 671987 ID: e114bc

A Ranidae is good in the water. If this is a monster I expect Flycatcher could just dive in and kill it. Let's try the rope first though.

Let's not spend potions here without knowing we need to.
>>
No. 672137 ID: 3c17ca

>>671976
Rope+frog jump in.
>>
No. 672153 ID: e607cd

yeah. You fought a damn demon under the water. this should be easy.
>>
No. 672156 ID: 2ccbb3

The rest of your squad should prepare a landing point that you two can climb from. Select one and jump in with electric abilities just in case this is a trap.
>>
No. 672250 ID: 91ee5f

>>671970
Did you remember to draw the rune on S'shi'mh's egg shell? You know, just to be on the safe side of things.

>>671986
I'm going with what this guy said, use the rope and hook.
>>
No. 672276 ID: a107fd

Alaiv and Gottascream grab opposite ends of a rope long enough to span the river and run for opposite sides of the bridge, so handhold is available to be caught on a relatively idiot-proof basis and they won't end up smack in the middle of the river if something pulls them in. Sizzle passes a Potion of Water Breathing to Flycatcher, who dives in to deliver it to the rescuee/monster, while keeping the trident ready in his other hand.
>>
No. 674414 ID: 21210f
File 144381461986.jpg - (48.33KB , 430x755 , 01of2.jpg )
674414

>can you use your frog tongue to wrap around his arm and pull him out?

You could but not at this range.

>Have the others brace you while you throw them a rope or grab him with your tongue.

>Always use rope, and tie it to a tree instead of yourself before tossing it.

>Sizzle has a rope and hook in inventory. Hook it on the edge, leave your pack on the bridge, and jump over.

>Rope+frog jump in.

>The rest of your squad should prepare a landing point that you two can climb from. Select one and jump in with electric abilities just in case this is a trap.

>I'm going with what this guy said, use the rope and hook.

>Alaiv and Gottascream grab opposite ends of a rope long enough to span the river and run for opposite sides of the bridge, so handhold is available to be caught on a relatively idiot-proof basis and they won't end up smack in the middle of the river if something pulls them in. Sizzle passes a Potion of Water Breathing to Flycatcher, who dives in to deliver it to the rescuee/monster, while keeping the trident ready in his other hand.

>Actually, hell, Sizzle, girl, throw down a potion of water breathing to the guy too, while we're at it.

You yell at the others to get some rope. Sizzle takes her out of the bag quickly and you wrap it around your waist. You drop your bags while asking if Sizzle has water-breathing potions on her for the guy and she hands you one that you grab with your shield hand.

>A Ranidae is good in the water. If this is a monster I expect Flycatcher could just dive in and kill it. Let's try the rope first though.

>"I sure hope this is actually someone in trouble and not a trap."

>Luckily, if it is a trap, they're expecting a hapless land based creature, not an aquatic adventurer.

You dive into the cold dark water.
>>
No. 674415 ID: 21210f
File 144381476312.jpg - (39.80KB , 800x500 , 02of2.jpg )
674415

The water in the river is cold and dark, the current is strong, but you think you can easily move around.

It takes you only few seconds to find the person you are rescuing.

Being dragged down.

By a horrid hunched slimy creature with long hair and yellow bright eyes.
>>
No. 674417 ID: 2ccbb3

>>674415
Focus on bleeding the enemy target so that their grip falters and they're forced to retreat.
>>
No. 674423 ID: e114bc

>>674415
Stab it with the trident.
>>
No. 674428 ID: 677b92

>>674415
use trident on monster.
>>
No. 674466 ID: 5aaa6f

>>674415
go for the legs. less likely to hit that poor sap, and a good leg injury, or even the threat of one, should shift the creature's priorities from 'snack' to 'survival'
>>
No. 674490 ID: 3663d3

charge in, threaten. want to get the guy free over killing the enemy.
>>
No. 674497 ID: 91ee5f

>>674415
Smile at the creature to scare it away! XD
>>
No. 674695 ID: 149da0

>>674415
Shield bash the hands on the legs so it has to let go!

>water breathing potion.
Hmm. Hopefully they can drink it underwater. Or they figure out you're cramming a potion that will help in their face. The whole panicking and drowning thing might impede that.
>>
No. 674768 ID: 3c17ca

>>674415
If we can shield bash the creature, or stab it in the gut with our weapon that would be good. at the same time jam a water breathing potion in the goober's mouth.
>>
No. 674791 ID: a107fd

>>674466
I'd say aim for the monster's shoulders. Cripple an arm and then it has to let go, no matter how determined. Definitely prioritize potion delivery over melee, though. Once the victim can breathe, the engagment turns from a time-limited hostage situation into a two-on-one beatdown.
>>
No. 674794 ID: d876c1
File 144398749190.jpg - (48.47KB , 640x670 , 01of3.jpg )
674794

>Focus on bleeding the enemy target so that their grip falters and they're forced to retreat.

>Stab it with the trident.

>use trident on monster.

>go for the legs. less likely to hit that poor sap, and a good leg injury, or even the threat of one, should shift the creature's priorities from 'snack' to 'survival'

>stab it in the gut with our weapon that would be good.

You dash toward the creature with your trident lined up for a perfect shot at it.

Unfortunately the creature seems to possess incredible reflexes, and manages to barely dodge your attack. Your trident graze its stomach.

Fortunately, the creature is startled enough to release its victim.
>>
No. 674798 ID: d876c1
File 144398766730.jpg - (49.45KB , 800x630 , 02of3.jpg )
674798

>at the same time jam a water breathing potion in the goober's mouth.

>Shield bash the hands on the legs so it has to let go!

>If we can shield bash the creature, or stab it in the gut with our weapon that would be good. at the same time jam a water breathing potion in the goober's mouth.

You try to swim toward the poor sap that is quickly rising to the surface. And at the same time the creature is trying to do the same.

You decide to try to bash its head to either slow it down or daze it.

Unfortunately it's not easy to swing a shield underwater and the creature easily dodges your attack.
>>
No. 674800 ID: d876c1
File 144398786319.jpg - (22.29KB , 500x500 , 03of3.jpg )
674800

The creature quickly grabs your neck with its claws.

You feel a serie of stings in your neck while the creature tighten the grasp.

That really hurts more than it should!
>>
No. 674805 ID: bb78f2

It might have stingers in its hands or something.

You have a dagger on you, I forget? TIME TO GANK IT THOUGH. Whatever you got, you TRY!
>>
No. 674806 ID: 99cfa8

>>674800
Shiiiiit. Stabitstabitstabit. Those claws are almost certainly poisoned.

At least the other guy is surfacing fine on his own so you don't have to worry about him...
>>
No. 674808 ID: 3663d3

the poison is probably just painful. no creature would fight an enemy after injecting lethal poison, it would inject then wait till you died, then drag you back to it's den.

it's now too close to dodge, stab it in the guts.
>>
No. 674810 ID: e114bc

>>674800
It's got stingers in its hands. You'll probably have to deal with poison or something after this fight.

Well, since it's grabbing onto you, it can't dodge anymore. Stab it somewhere lethal.
>>
No. 674818 ID: 0f1c4d

It can't dodge while its hands are clasped around you. Stab it with the trident or dagger.
>>
No. 674823 ID: 149da0

>>674800
Great. Poison. A paralytic. Who knows. Time to end this fast. Hopefully the alchemist can fix that, and the rest of your party will assist the drowning dude as he gets closer to the surface.

>>674800
It can't dodge very well as long as it's strangling you. Stab it in its middle.
>>
No. 674987 ID: 91ee5f

>>674800
Smile at the creature to scare it away! Even if it doesn't run away, it's been proven that when you smile at something it terrifies them, which makes it a good distraction to get away from it! So what are you waiting for? Do it now while it's looking at you! SMILE!!!!! DX
>>
No. 674991 ID: 3c17ca

>>674800
punch it in the eyes with your tongue, then slash it's neck with whatever you got.
>>
No. 674996 ID: 2ccbb3

Tug the rope!

Then stab.
>>
No. 675013 ID: 66d444
File 144407453732.jpg - (32.42KB , 500x550 , 01of3.jpg )
675013

>Smile at the creature to scare it away! Even if it doesn't run away, it's been proven that when you smile at something it terrifies them, which makes it a good distraction to get away from it! So what are you waiting for? Do it now while it's looking at you! SMILE!!!!! DX

You smile to the creature, which freezes in place, confused at what you are doing.
>>
No. 675014 ID: 67d5dc

What you're doing is shanking it.
>>
No. 675015 ID: 66d444
File 144407472423.jpg - (42.32KB , 550x560 , 02of3.jpg )
675015

>It can't dodge very well as long as it's strangling you. Stab it in its middle.

>punch it in the eyes with your tongue, then slash it's neck with whatever you got.

>It can't dodge while its hands are clasped around you. Stab it with the trident or dagger.

>Well, since it's grabbing onto you, it can't dodge anymore. Stab it somewhere lethal.

>it's now too close to dodge, stab it in the guts.

>Shiiiiit. Stabitstabitstabit.

You hit the monster with everything you have. A tongue whip in its eye to distract him even more and a stab in his jaw. that should go through and stab the brain.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that your attack is as strong as you imagined, barely piercing the creature's mouth. You should have been stronger than this.
>>
No. 675017 ID: 66d444
File 144407509053.jpg - (45.43KB , 800x600 , 03of3.jpg )
675017

>the poison is probably just painful. no creature would fight an enemy after injecting lethal poison, it would inject then wait till you died, then drag you back to it's den.

>It's got stingers in its hands. You'll probably have to deal with poison or something after this fight.

>Great. Poison. A paralytic. Who knows. Time to end this fast. Hopefully the alchemist can fix that, and the rest of your party will assist the drowning dude as he gets closer to the surface.

It doesn't feel like you have been injected with anything. Instead, it feels like something is sucking on you. You take a quick look to the creature's arms and hands. They are incredibly swollen. It reminds you of the fat leeches you used to feed on in the swamps.

>Tug the rope!

You tug the rope with your shield hand, dropping the potion that slowly falls into the depths.

Shortly after, you start to be dragged out of the water. The creature is being pulled too, with its hands still on your throat.
>>
No. 675018 ID: bb78f2

Wow, okay man, those leech hands got around your neck, you're going to a lose a LOT of blood if those things come off. I hope Sizzle has some GOOD coagulant or healing potion on her right now.

Since you've removed the tridant, honestly, I'd suggest stabbing it right into the armpit.
>>
No. 675020 ID: b2f5eb

Kick him in the gills.
>>
No. 675021 ID: 99cfa8

>>675017
Euw.

Okay it'll probably let go once you get out of the water... but best not to rely on that. I'd say stab its arms but you don't have a good angle for that... just do anything you can to make it want to let go.
>>
No. 675024 ID: b6178d

>>675017

Can you clog up its leech-hands with slime magic?
>>
No. 675025 ID: 3663d3

jam in the gills and twist
>>
No. 675045 ID: b6178d

>>675025

Oooh, clog up its gills with slime magic!
>>
No. 675084 ID: 3c17ca

>>675017
Slime magic around your neck, imagine it floods into the creature's leach hands, and Stuff those hands with slime till they explode! use your magic flycatcher, your body is weak, now is the time to try a new way!
>>
No. 675131 ID: 91ee5f

>>675013
See? I told you it would work! XD

>>675017
Put some slime into its gills. Unless it can breathe through slime, you'll be able to cut off its only way of breathing!

.....Which, if you think about it, is actually pretty damn funny! Making an aquatic creature drown in the very thing it needs to breathe! XD
>>
No. 675581 ID: 1a4436
File 144439791519.jpg - (41.22KB , 620x660 , 01of6.jpg )
675581

>Wow, okay man, those leech hands got around your neck, you're going to a lose a LOT of blood if those things come off. I hope Sizzle has some GOOD coagulant or healing potion on her right now.

>Okay it'll probably let go once you get out of the water... but best not to rely on that. I'd say stab its arms but you don't have a good angle for that... just do anything you can to make it want to let go.

>Kick him in the gills.

You try to stab and push the creature away, but you are feeling weaker an weaker with every second passing. And it doesn't seem that the creature is even feeling the jabs.

>Okay it'll probably let go once you get out of the water... but best not to rely on that. I'd say stab its arms but you don't have a good angle for that... just do anything you can to make it want to let go.

>Can you clog up its leech-hands with slime magic?

>Slime magic around your neck, imagine it floods into the creature's leach hands, and Stuff those hands with slime till they explode! use your magic flycatcher, your body is weak, now is the time to try a new way!

You try to push away the creature's claws with your slime, by deactivating and reactivating the amulet on your right hand.

You can feel the slime filling the water between you and the creature, forcing the grasp to weaken and slowly release, in a really painful way.
You are probably going to lose a lot of blood. But it seems that the Slime might be able to stop most of it to get out.
>>
No. 675582 ID: 1a4436
File 144439810496.jpg - (42.71KB , 750x600 , 02of6.jpg )
675582

>jam in the gills and twist

>Oooh, clog up its gills with slime magic!

>Put some slime into its gills. Unless it can breathe through slime, you'll be able to cut off its only way of breathing!

You push the shield onto the creature's chest, where the gills are.

And then you reactivate the slime bracelet.

You can feel the slime clogging its gills.

The creature starts to squirm, but it doesn't let go of you, still trying to grasp through the slime on your neck.
>>
No. 675583 ID: 1a4436
File 144439819873.jpg - (27.40KB , 750x600 , 03of6.jpg )
675583

You can feel the creature's chest expand, trying to breath through the slime. While it switches its grasp on your face, instead of your neck.

You start to feel too weak, your vision starts to blur.
>>
No. 675585 ID: 1a4436
File 144439822675.jpg - (7.61KB , 750x600 , 04of6.jpg )
675585

>>
No. 675586 ID: 1a4436
File 144439828268.jpg - (155.11KB , 810x500 , 05of6.jpg )
675586

>>
No. 675587 ID: 1a4436
File 144439833741.jpg - (59.45KB , 810x500 , 06of6.jpg )
675587

Sizzle: "Oh thank the gods..."

Takabanda: "You scared us there for a second, buddy..."
>>
No. 675592 ID: 2ccbb3

>>675587
Make sure you're not dreaming. Ask to be bonked on the head.

Status report, did you get the enemy nix?
>>
No. 675598 ID: 3663d3

ask for some blood restorer.
>>
No. 675601 ID: 3c17ca

>>675587
...my face...am I still beautiful?
>>
No. 675608 ID: 91ee5f

>>675587
Ask, "Is the man ok? Did I kill the fish monster thing?"
>>
No. 675609 ID: 2a7417

The water witch is showing you phantoms, illusions! Those aren't really your friends! Push the attack!
>>
No. 676401 ID: 124040
File 144482643767.jpg - (37.29KB , 610x550 , 01of2.jpg )
676401

>The water witch is showing you phantoms, illusions! Those aren't really your friends! Push the attack!

>Make sure you're not dreaming. Ask to be bonked on the head.

>...my face...am I still beautiful?

You weakly try to raise your hand, but it results difficult.

You ask them if you are awake

Sizzle: "Yes, of course you are. You are just feeling lightheaded due to the loss of blood. That thing almost sucked you dry, flycatcher."

Takabanda: "HAH"

Sizzle: "Ah-hem. Anyway... I had to bandage you and administer a coagulant potion. You are going to be fine."

>Ask, "Is the man ok? Did I kill the fish monster thing?"

Sizzle: "The man is safe. We pulled him out of the water and he went away after i healed his leg"

Takabanda: "He looked like he was in a hurry hahahah"

Sizzle: "And about the monster, well... It let go of you as soon as you reached the surface. Alaiv was going to jump in but it retreated immediately."

Alaiv: "You did the right thing in tugging the rope. Leech Hags can be mortal in their own element. But they are rather coward if they have to face more than a single prey at a time."

>ask for some blood restorer.

You ask if you can have something to make you feel better. Sizzle hands you the bottle that she was carrying.

Sizzle: "Drink this. I modified my regeneration potion a little. It will get you back on your feet in no time."
>>
No. 676402 ID: 124040
File 144482669684.jpg - (69.65KB , 900x600 , 02of2.jpg )
676402

After chugging the potion and drying your clothes, you and the party continue on your journey.

After a while, you reach the doors of a little hamlet, surrounded by wooden walls.


Alaiv: "Well, here we are. Miner's Rest"

The hamlet doesn't seem to have more than a dozen of wooden houses from the look of it. A single soldier guards the gate, dressed in the recognizable uniform of the Unquenchable Flame.
>>
No. 676404 ID: 124040
File 144482801879.jpg - (42.45KB , 500x730 , 03of3.jpg )
676404

You are stopped by the guard before you can get near the main door.

Guard: "By the name of the holy church of the Unquenchable Flame, the hamlet of Miner's Rest is under quarantine. Please state your business!"
>>
No. 676420 ID: 2ccbb3

You're here at Grimdoom's request. Just a quick look at the diseased, and you'll leave.

If possible, you'd like to talk to the captain stationed at this quarantine zone; you might need backup to harvest the reagents that could cure the miners (or defeat the unholy bog-breath that lay a curse on them).
>>
No. 676430 ID: 3663d3

you have come after talking to grimdoom, young sizzle here is a bright alchemist and another perspective on the problem could go a long way.
>>
No. 676435 ID: 2a7417

We are here to Exterminatus!
>>
No. 677158 ID: d0881b
File 144510064767.jpg - (88.59KB , 700x640 , 01of3.jpg )
677158

>You're here at Grimdoom's request. Just a quick look at the diseased, and you'll leave.

>If possible, you'd like to talk to the captain stationed at this quarantine zone; you might need backup to harvest the reagents that could cure the miners (or defeat the unholy bog-breath that lay a curse on them).

You tell the guard that Father Grimdoom told you that you could check on the miners, and even hopefully be able to help.

Guard: "Even if Father Grimdoom told you to come, he should have also told you that it's rather dangerous to get in contact with the sick miners. We can't be responsible for any of you contracting it!"

>you have come after talking to grimdoom, young sizzle here is a bright alchemist and another perspective on the problem could go a long way.

You present Sizzle and tell the guard that you have taken precautions already in order to contract the sickness.

Guard: "I see. Maybe you can help. One of the miners is refusing to receive help with the sickness because his religion forbids him to get help from us. Maybe you can convince him."

He opens the gate and lets you in. He points to a house on the other side of the hamlet.

Guard: "His name is Diamante Ironhand. He's a strongheaded dwarf with a fiery beard and a bad attitude"

You pass through the street. A lot of miners seem to still be having traces of sickness on them. Their veins running blue and black on their pale skins, but they do not seem to be in pain, they just look tired.
>>
No. 677159 ID: d0881b
File 144510082544.jpg - (44.68KB , 800x515 , 02of3.jpg )
677159

You reach the house pointed by the guard and knock.

A weak voice asks who is it and you tell them who you are and what you are here for.

The weak voice tells you to come in, while another voice is cursing.

As you enter, you notice the dwarf with the fiery beard that should be Diamante, sitting in bed. There is another dwarf with him, passing a wet towel on his head. He introduces himself as Pirite, and the voice that let you in belongs to him.

Pirite: "Greetings"
>>
No. 677161 ID: d0881b
File 144510100938.jpg - (53.04KB , 800x500 , 03of3.jpg )
677161

Diamante Raises up a little and coughs up blood.

Diamante: "I told those *COUGH* cocksuckers of the unstoppable fart to *COUGH* leave me alone! I prefer to fucking die than let one of them touch me."

Compared to the rest of the miners and Pirite, Diamante's condition seems to be grave. His entire body shakes whenever he breaths or tries to do anything, the veins are black and green and pulsating, while the skin tone varies from shades of grey to shades of yellow.
>>
No. 677164 ID: 3663d3

glance at your rune does it seem/feel like it's reacting?

anyway, does Takabanda know what his religion is? if not could he get some info out of him, dwarf to dwarf.
>>
No. 677166 ID: 3663d3

oh, and also if it's a "can't take meds for illnesses" explain it could be a curse caused by getting too close to the nearby dungeon
>>
No. 677167 ID: 025c3c

Explain that you're not with the unquenchable flame. Is it any help he's opposed to, or just theirs?

If there's anything to be done, this is probably in our potion maker's or bard magic's department.

Alaiv might be handy just cause a skeleton can't catch whatever they're carrying anyways, although we don't want to lean to heavy on that card.
>>
No. 677186 ID: 3663d3

>>677167
what skeleton? Alaiv is a perfectly normal human adventurer.
>>
No. 677189 ID: bb78f2

>>677161
"Please, sir, the Cocksuckers of the Unstoppable Fart would like people to stop confusing them for the Order of Unquenchable Flame. They take their cocksucking QUITE seriously and would like to be recognized as more than an insult for the firey church dudes."
>>
No. 677203 ID: 5ad4a7

>>677161
Tell him if he is willing to accept third party assistance, perhaps he can help us with our inquiries in exchange. Tell us about the mine.
>>
No. 677486 ID: 91ee5f

>>677158
>>677159
>>677161
(Who's Sir Humpy?)

You should say, "Hey! That guard lied to us! He said this guy's beard was on fire! He doesn't look like he's on fire at all!"
>>
No. 680210 ID: c866b8
File 144623684569.jpg - (80.30KB , 860x600 , 01of5.jpg )
680210

>glance at your rune does it seem/feel like it's reacting?

The rune hasn't shown anything weird, it just became slightly warmer, that might be a sign.

>Explain that you're not with the unquenchable flame. Is it any help he's opposed to, or just theirs?

>oh, and also if it's a "can't take meds for illnesses" explain it could be a curse caused by getting too close to the nearby dungeon

>"Please, sir, the Cocksuckers of the Unstoppable Fart would like people to stop confusing them for the Order of Unquenchable Flame. They take their cocksucking QUITE seriously and would like to be recognized as more than an insult for the firey church dudes."

Before you can say anything, Takabanda steps forward

Takabanda: "The sickness must have gotten in your brain, friend. The Unstoppable Fart church is stationed in the south, unfortunately. I doubt they'd like to have their cocksucking ability compared to this stuck ups of the flame."

Diamante laughs loudly, which causes him to cough blood right after.

Takabanda: "If you want something, take it."

Diamante: "And if it is nailed to the ground..."

Takabanda: "...then sweet! FREE NAILS TOO!"

Diamante's face opens in a warm smile. "It's good to see another follower of the Laughing Bastard God!"
>>
No. 680214 ID: c866b8
File 144623708125.jpg - (77.46KB , 790x600 , 02of5.jpg )
680214

>oh, and also if it's a "can't take meds for illnesses" explain it could be a curse caused by getting too close to the nearby dungeon

>Tell him if he is willing to accept third party assistance, perhaps he can help us with our inquiries in exchange. Tell us about the mine.

Takabanda introduces the rest of the party, and then you ask Diamante if he'd be willing to be checked by Sizzle. Hopefully she can find a solution.

Diamante: "Yeah! Sure! As long as i don't have to owe jackshit to the flame, i'm up!"

Sizzle dons her alchemist gear and starts taking care of the dwarf.

She meticolously check the pulse, the skin condition, the breath and other stuffs.

the check takes almost half an hour.
>>
No. 680215 ID: c866b8
File 144623725430.jpg - (72.85KB , 600x780 , 03of5.jpg )
680215

Sizzle: "Yeah i can confirm. This is nothing natural, nor a real sickness. There is no reaction to salts nor potions. Even my regeneration potion would not work"

Diamante: "Damn. That sucks"

Sizzle: "There is something i want to try though"

she traces the rune with her finger in the air and looks at you

you nod her to proceed.

She takes out a small brush and an ink bottle and traces the rune on the dwarf's chest.
>>
No. 680216 ID: c866b8
File 144623741873.jpg - (69.83KB , 760x600 , 04of5.jpg )
680216

Diamante: "BY THE TEETH OF THE SMILING BASTARD GOD!"

The dwarf sits up, his veins turning to a lighter colour.

Diamante: "T-the pain is gone! Dang!"

Sizzle: "It seems the rune is able to at least neutralize the sickness. It doesn't remove it, but from now on it should not spread nor cause more pain. You are still not completely safe."

Diamante: "Still better than coughing up my lungs, no? AHAHAHAHAH!PIRITE, LOOK!"
>>
No. 680217 ID: c866b8
File 144623754033.jpg - (65.04KB , 700x600 , 05of5.jpg )
680217

Pirite: "That's -urgh- nice... Diamante..."

The other dwarf stumbles back to the other bed, grasping his chest

Takabanda: "What's wrong?"

Pirite: "S-sudden... pains... urgh..."

The dwarf starts to sweat and gasp in pain.
>>
No. 680219 ID: bb78f2

Does this rune... like, SPREAD the pain or sickness around? Is that what this does?
>>
No. 680220 ID: 67d5dc

Perhaps the rune blocks the source from effecting the individual it is written on but does not effect the original source of the curse, causing its effects to increase on other victims?
>>
No. 680223 ID: a184c1

Is the rune being overly literal about casting out the curse?
Well at least Pirite is not refusing other help for religious reasons in the way Diamante was.
>>
No. 680234 ID: 12b273

>>680217
...it's a water magic curse. It works like water. The rune doesn't get rid of it, it displaces it.

We can't cure the village with the rune alone. We're gonna have to go for the source.
>>
No. 680235 ID: 5ad4a7

>>680234
With this in mind, maybe it's possible to dilute the curse by exposing lots of people to the patients? Instead of a full quarantine, take volunteers to live here and take on part of the sickness?
>>
No. 680236 ID: 2ccbb3

Water flows, but it also evaporates. That might not be a good thing, but is it possible to force the curse to decompose into its base elements, much like water is made out of two flammable gasses?
>>
No. 680264 ID: 3663d3

yeah, gonna say it forced out the worst of the effects, which had to go somewhere, start going around getting it drawn, once it's stable explain to someone that it's a curse, the miners must have gotten too close to some basement of the dungeon and entered the area it was protecting.
>>
No. 680323 ID: 03df58
File 144630155186.jpg - (87.22KB , 880x600 , 01of3.jpg )
680323

>Does this rune... like, SPREAD the pain or sickness around? Is that what this does?

>Perhaps the rune blocks the source from effecting the individual it is written on but does not effect the original source of the curse, causing its effects to increase on other victims?

>Is the rune being overly literal about casting out the curse?

>...it's a water magic curse. It works like water. The rune doesn't get rid of it, it displaces it.

>Water flows, but it also evaporates. That might not be a good thing, but is it possible to force the curse to decompose into its base elements, much like water is made out of two flammable gasses?

You ask Sizzle if it might possible that the rune is protecting the ones and it's spreading the sickness to others.

>yeah, gonna say it forced out the worst of the effects, which had to go somewhere, start going around getting it drawn, once it's stable explain to someone that it's a curse, the miners must have gotten too close to some basement of the dungeon and entered the area it was protecting.

Sizzle: "That's possible? i'd need to check."

>Well at least Pirite is not refusing other help for religious reasons in the way Diamante was.

Sizzle: "Pirite, sir? Mind if i check you quickly before treating you? i might understand what's going on here"

Pirite: "Y-yes... but.. be quick. Pain... increasing!"
>>
No. 680324 ID: 03df58
File 144630172472.jpg - (70.80KB , 840x600 , 02of3.jpg )
680324

Sizzle: "Please, open your mouth"

Pirite: "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH"
>>
No. 680325 ID: 03df58
File 144630179908.jpg - (83.21KB , 1000x700 , 03of3.jpg )
680325

Moving like a broken puppet, Pirite pins down Sizzle, while a horrid bloodied creature emerges from his mouth, ripping the skin and beard apart. Its arm clenched around Sizzle's throat.

Sizzle: "h-help!"
>>
No. 680326 ID: 2ccbb3

OH CRAP

Use the same techniques as you used on the redcaps, but don't kill the blood monster, it might contain all of Pirite's blood! Deactivate the rune NOW!
>>
No. 680327 ID: 0f1c4d

Stab it in the head! Preferably in the head so it doesn't also hit Pirite if there is anything of him left to save.
>>
No. 680337 ID: 12b273

...holy crap, that's an imp. Why is there a demon crawling out of that dwarf? This is more than just mud magic. Could the disease just be a vector, used to spread more demonic parasites, like flycatcher had before? Maybe all the miners are incubating demons. We'll have to have Takabanda check, after this.

Probably too soon to blow the sacred fire, especially on the weakest kind of demon.

Shortsword, cut its arm off. Or at least slash the muscle, so it's grip weakens. First priority is getting her free, second is killing it.

And we pray for the dorf's life, but he's probably already dead.
>>
No. 680340 ID: 3663d3

that changes things. this one sensed the rune destroying it's kin incubating in Diamante and decided it had to strike now to prevent more of it's kind being stopped.
>>
No. 680355 ID: 5ad4a7

>>680325
Flycatcher can trident its arm so it lets go, without hurting the dwarf. Alaiv can spear it in the eyeball with a precision strike.

Is this a demon!?

Maybe if we can disable the thing long enough, someone can write the rune on the dwarf's back to finish it off.
>>
No. 680556 ID: 5812ad

>>680326
No! The rune somehow stopped whatever demon magic these things are using!
The demon inside Pirite recognized we had the tools to be able to end it!
We might still be able to save him if we can use the rune! Pin it down!
>>
No. 680599 ID: b6178d

Cripes! Paint the rune on Pirite, either directly yourself or by bull-rushing in and showing a faceful of slime shield into the imp's eye, knocking it and puppet-Pirite off Sizzle, allowing Sizzle to get up and get it done. Hopefully the sign will contain the creature, if not we'll at least have learned it's too late when they've burst free.

Meanwhile, the rest of the party needs to screen this from the other miners' sight and hearing. It's super important, lest the other creatures react!

Once this is dealt with we need to start painting runes on the other miners, STAT, privately, one at a time. If ALL of these creatures start bursting free to end us, we'll be in deep trouble and a lot of miners will be dead.
>>
No. 680649 ID: d35b93
File 144641167066.jpg - (99.21KB , 980x600 , 01of3.jpg )
680649

>Use the same techniques as you used on the redcaps, but don't kill the blood monster, it might contain all of Pirite's blood! Deactivate the rune NOW!

>Shortsword, cut its arm off. Or at least slash the muscle, so it's grip weakens. First priority is getting her free, second is killing it.

>Flycatcher can trident its arm so it lets go, without hurting the dwarf. Alaiv can spear it in the eyeball with a precision strike.

Both you and Alaiv jump in action quickly. You stab the creature's arm with your trident, while Alaiv finishes it with a quick stab through its skull.
>>
No. 680650 ID: d35b93
File 144641197245.jpg - (90.11KB , 800x600 , 02of3.jpg )
680650

>Is this a demon!?

>...holy crap, that's an imp. Why is there a demon crawling out of that dwarf? This is more than just mud magic. Could the disease just be a vector, used to spread more demonic parasites, like flycatcher had before? Maybe all the miners are incubating demons. We'll have to have Takabanda check, after this.

You ask what that thing is, fearing you might already know the answer

Alaiv: "An imp. The lowest form of demons"

Damn.

>that changes things. this one sensed the rune destroying it's kin incubating in Diamante and decided it had to strike now to prevent more of it's kind being stopped.

>And we pray for the dorf's life, but he's probably already dead.

>No! The rune somehow stopped whatever demon magic these things are using! The demon inside Pirite recognized we had the tools to be able to end it!

>Cripes! Paint the rune on Pirite, either directly yourself or by bull-rushing in and showing a faceful of slime shield into the imp's eye, knocking it and puppet-Pirite off Sizzle, allowing Sizzle to get up and get it done. Hopefully the sign will contain the creature, if not we'll at least have learned it's too late when they've burst free.

You ask Alaiv if there is anything you can do for the dwarf, maybe painting a rune on him.

Alaiv: "No. It's too late. The demon killed him when he bursted out of him, he must have formed using his insides to take material form."

You help Sizzle getting up, while you ask Alaiv if he thinks this might be related to the rune they just drawn on Diamante.

Alaiv: "I have no idea... I have never seen demon-binding like this..."

Takabanda: "Uuuuuh guys..."
>>
No. 680651 ID: d35b93
File 144641204858.jpg - (98.67KB , 950x700 , 03of3.jpg )
680651

Takabanda: "We have company!"

Imps: "Eeeeeeeeeeeeehgg!"
>>
No. 680654 ID: 5ad4a7

>>680651
This is the worst.
Time to blow that speed rune, I think, unless we can get some crowd control via Takabanda and Sizzle again.

...oh god what if this is some kind of conspiracy? What if the curse was just an excuse for either willing demon-conspirators or spies to apply "medical care" that actually implanted demon seeds in the patients? That would explain why the one unwilling patient survived.
>>
No. 680657 ID: 3663d3

Takabanda, start a song that does things to demons, slow them down, confuse them, make them explode. anything you have that is effective against them.

keep your backs to the wall, they seem to be able to scratch the stone but not break through it in one hit. let them come to you using the openings to funnel them.

getting something caustic to them in a puddle on the floor would also be a great help here sizzle.
>>
No. 680670 ID: 58caf6

>>680651
Hey bastard on the bed, if you got any fight in you, now is the time to run or fight~!
>>
No. 680680 ID: 2ccbb3

Use some area-of-attack spells and throw the dead ones to the sides! Retreat for now and yell for assistance, get as many knights as you can and go straight for the dungeon!
>>
No. 680681 ID: 12b273

Bard sings, fighters fight, alchemist chucks something besides our sacred fire (let's save that for something tougher than imps) and falls back.

We probably don't need to break into consumables for low level scrubs.
>>
No. 681137 ID: f36321
File 144658619594.jpg - (66.70KB , 800x580 , 01of4.jpg )
681137

>Time to blow that speed rune, I think, unless we can get some crowd control via Takabanda and Sizzle again.

>Takabanda, start a song that does things to demons, slow them down, confuse them, make them explode. anything you have that is effective against them.

>keep your backs to the wall, they seem to be able to scratch the stone but not break through it in one hit. let them come to you using the openings to funnel them.

>Bard sings, fighters fight, alchemist chucks something besides our sacred fire (let's save that for something tougher than imps) and falls back.

You grab your shield while getting up. You tell Takabanda to buy you time.

Takabanda: "ON IT!"
>>
No. 681138 ID: f36321
File 144658634740.jpg - (105.50KB , 1000x700 , 02of4.jpg )
681138

A powerful horn blast shakes the house and throws the imps in the air, pushing them away from the house and onto the ground. You can hear the sound of broken bones as some of them might have hit the house on the other side of the street.

You see that the remaining Imps on the ground are grabbing their heads with their claw, screaming in pain.

Takabanda: "That should slow them down!"
>>
No. 681139 ID: f36321
File 144658647739.jpg - (57.45KB , 860x600 , 03of4.jpg )
681139

>Hey bastard on the bed, if you got any fight in you, now is the time to run or fight~!

You turn to Diamante, that has gotten up and is now staring silently at the dead body of his friend.

You ask him if he feels well enough to fight, else he'll die.
>>
No. 681140 ID: f36321
File 144658660183.jpg - (69.92KB , 780x600 , 04of4.jpg )
681140

He grabs a helmet and a pickhammer from under his bed and looks at you

Diamante: "I survived that fucking sickness till now. I ain't giving up life yet. What's the plan?"

Takabanda and Alaiv calls you and Sizzle

Takabanda: "There are more coming! How many fucking demons are here?"

Alaiv: "Whole town, i'm afraid. We should get out of here."
>>
No. 681143 ID: 28bcec

You know how a demon was trying to get to your water dragon? I bet one got to a mud dragon here.

I bet at the core of this mess you will find a demon infested dragon. Or something similar.

For now ask the dwarf where the closest defensible spot would be. If we just run for it chances are high that you will get caught in the open. So need to find a place everyone can defend that the imps can not overrun easily.
>>
No. 681173 ID: 12b273

Note to self: have Takabanda examine this dorf's soul the way he did yours at the first opportunity. I suspect it might tell us what happened here. (If there's a sealed demon seed under the rune or, or a sign something was forced out, etc).

>What's the plan?
You're the one who knows this town- we need a defensible position or a way out before we're overrun.

Unless anyone thinks we have a shot at exterminating them?

...we have one vial of holy fire. If we could lure them all into one packed area, we could stun them with another horn call and burn the lot of them at once. (Chase us into a narrow cave? Up the inside of a tower?).
>>
No. 681175 ID: 68aa85

The smart thing would be to leave, but can we really leave this place in such a mess?
I think we should help the Unquenchable Flame to contain this demonic incursion.
>>
No. 681181 ID: 5ad4a7

>>681140
We must alert someone who can get reinforcements quickly. We also have to seal off the demons to make sure they don't escape and start assaulting the town. Make for the gate, close it up, hope they can't just climb over the walls?
>>
No. 681186 ID: d9cdf6

Unless we are close to an entrance, we might be best off finding somewhere defensible to hole up until the Flame gets here. (Some of the flame higher ups and that alchemist seem shady, but Grimdoom and the basic soldiers seem legit.)

>I bet at the core of this mess you will find a demon infested dragon. Or something similar.
I hope it is demon dragon magic, because if the dragon isn't responsible for the imps than most likely someone in the Flame is, and they have more reach than a dragon stuck in a cave.
>>
No. 681221 ID: 3663d3

also be sure to do something to prevent the demons from attempting to possess something else. there are a lot of corpses around here so their spirits could just jump into a new body.
>>
No. 681235 ID: bb78f2

Diamante, do you know where the first sick miners were in the mine where they contracted the plague? Point zero of infection?

We're looking to attack the source, D.

So, we're going to need to bail this town on a carriage ride, only way to escape a horde of demons. Where be the horses?
>>
No. 681405 ID: 408e21
File 144667403003.jpg - (51.75KB , 820x500 , 01of3.jpg )
681405

>Diamante, do you know where the first sick miners were in the mine where they contracted the plague? Point zero of infection?

You ask Diamante if he knows where the first infection took place.

Diamante: "Yeah i fucking do! I was there! Old Kallus thought he found a vein of ore, but he end up hitting a pocket of gas. We have been feelign like shit right after it. If we get out of here alive i can get you there"

>So, we're going to need to bail this town on a carriage ride, only way to escape a horde of demons. Where be the horses?

>For now ask the dwarf where the closest defensible spot would be. If we just run for it chances are high that you will get caught in the open. So need to find a place everyone can defend that the imps can not overrun easily.

>You're the one who knows this town- we need a defensible position or a way out before we're overrun.

>The smart thing would be to leave, but can we really leave this place in such a mess?

>Unless we are close to an entrance, we might be best off finding somewhere defensible to hole up until the Flame gets here. (Some of the flame higher ups and that alchemist seem shady, but Grimdoom and the basic soldiers seem legit.)

You ask Diamante if there is a quick way out of the Hamlet, or if there are horses

Diamante: "Only exit is the one you came in. There are horses in the barn. That way. The Unquenchable flame ones at least. I'm sure all our mules are already dead..."

You ask if there might be other places where you can fend off monsters or lose them

Alaiv interjects: "The barn! We can trick them into following us and trap them there. I doubt we can fight all of them on our own. For now let's leg it!"
>>
No. 681410 ID: 408e21
File 144667435066.jpg - (124.87KB , 1000x680 , 02of3.jpg )
681410

Your party (and Diamante) starts moving in formation.

Diamante, Alaiv and Takabanda leading the way, you and Sizzle in the rear.

Sizzles throws a couple of vials behind her, creating what looks like layers of ice on the ground.

Sizzle: "THIS SHOULD SLOW THEM DOWN! I HOPE!"

>I think we should help the Unquenchable Flame to contain this demonic incursion.

>We must alert someone who can get reinforcements quickly. We also have to seal off the demons to make sure they don't escape and start assaulting the town. Make for the gate, close it up, hope they can't just climb over the walls?

You yell that you should probably look for the soldiers of the Unquenchable Flames, That way you might be able to fend off the monsters.

Diamante: "FUCKING TWATS! I GUESS YOU ARE RIGHT THOUGH. I WONDER WHERE THEY ARE NOW!"

He points to a bifurcation in the street

Diamante: "BARN IS THAT WAY!"
>>
No. 681411 ID: 408e21
File 144667459891.jpg - (221.63KB , 1200x830 , 03of3.jpg )
681411

You turn into the road and...

Ok on the bright side...

You found the soldiers of the Unquenchable Flame.

Surrounded by Imps and fighting a giant Monstrosity.

Takabanda: "A GORGER DEMON? REALLY?!?"
>>
No. 681412 ID: 5ad4a7

>>681411
Welp. Time to get to work. I don't suppose Sizzle has any especially powerful emetics? That would likely completely screw over a gluttony-demon. Although I suppose Alaiv and Takabanda would know its weaknesses better.
>>
No. 681415 ID: c735fb

I see a large cluster of demons, a huge demon in the middle of them, and lives in immediate danger. This looks like the ideal situation for that vial of Holy Napalm.
(I would worry about using it up before the bottom of the dungeon, but Grimdoom is fairly likely to have more in his headquarters and if he does will almost certainly give us a refill if we use our first one to save his men.)
>>
No. 681417 ID: bb78f2

>>681411
Sizzle, girl, make us up a BOMB. We have a horde to fight. Anything you can make and throw that could damage a BIG group of demons, get cracking. Keep it up until the numbers are much smaller.
Tak, keep them at bay with some songs, and occasionally get a healing song in there every once in a while since Sizzle's working offense this time.
Alaiv, you're super armored, mind pairing with Taka and aggroing them into a better spot for Taka to manage them, and then for Sizzle to take care of them?

Fly and Dia, play defense for Sizzle. She's the DPS. Gorger will probably start targeting her while Alaiv and Tak deal with the numbers.

While you're doing all of this, keep going towards the barn where we'll be able to easily funnel them. Look for demons on rooftops and on our other flanks as we move our offense.
>>
No. 681418 ID: 3663d3

>>681415
yep. time to drop the big gun. taking out the heavy artillery of the demon horde would go a long way.
>>
No. 681431 ID: 12b273

>>681411
Damn. I guess we gotta help, that's our way out.

So... you think we can get the gorger demon to eat the holy flame in a bottle? Pretty sure that would kill it.

If we're gonna fight, it's probably worth using the speed rune, this time.
>>
No. 681542 ID: 91ee5f

>>681405
>Mules are already dead...

Why? Were they infected too?

Actually, now that I think about it, all of these imps came out of the infected dwarves, right? Well, I'm just wondering, since all of them seem to be dwarf-sized, would the imps be bigger if they burst out of something/someone bigger? Because, if their mules were also infected, won't there be mule-sized imps in the barn? O_o
>>
No. 683029 ID: bd345f
File 144719203794.jpg - (100.86KB , 900x600 , 01of4.jpg )
683029

>Welp. Time to get to work. I don't suppose Sizzle has any especially powerful emetics? That would likely completely screw over a gluttony-demon. Although I suppose Alaiv and Takabanda would know its weaknesses better.

>Sizzle, girl, make us up a BOMB. We have a horde to fight. Anything you can make and throw that could damage a BIG group of demons, get cracking. Keep it up until the numbers are much smaller.
Tak, keep them at bay with some songs, and occasionally get a healing song in there every once in a while since Sizzle's working offense this time.
Alaiv, you're super armored, mind pairing with Taka and aggroing them into a better spot for Taka to manage them, and then for Sizzle to take care of them?

>Fly and Dia, play defense for Sizzle. She's the DPS. Gorger will probably start targeting her while Alaiv and Tak deal with the numbers.

>Damn. I guess we gotta help, that's our way out.

Takabanda yells at the knights to move back toward you, as you move toward them in an attempt to form a decent frontline.

The knights and Sizzle take the frontline, where most of the demons, and the Gorger in particular, are.
Takabanda, Alaiv and Diamante take the rear, cutting down whatever imp is trying to catch you in a pincher maneuver.

But you? You have other plans, as you jump over the roof of the nearest house.
>>
No. 683032 ID: bd345f
File 144719215241.jpg - (88.01KB , 800x700 , 02of4.jpg )
683032

>I see a large cluster of demons, a huge demon in the middle of them, and lives in immediate danger. This looks like the ideal situation for that vial of Holy Napalm.

>So... you think we can get the gorger demon to eat the holy flame in a bottle? Pretty sure that would kill it.

You land easily on the tiles of the rooftop and take aim.

You wait till the gorger demon decides to take another bite of the dead knight and toss the holy fire straight into his open maw.
>>
No. 683033 ID: bd345f
File 144719227883.jpg - (62.61KB , 800x600 , 03of4.jpg )
683033

the little glass vial disappears in the demon's mouth, right before it bites the remains of the knight.

It stares blankly in front of itself for a couple seconds and then it starts screaming and howling in rage, as fire and smokes pours from its mouth.
>>
No. 683035 ID: bd345f
File 144719247056.jpg - (113.75KB , 930x650 , 04of4.jpg )
683035

>If we're gonna fight, it's probably worth using the speed rune, this time.

You grab the speed rune in your shield hand.

The gorger demon turns its attention toward you, which should help removing pressure from the guys below.

Gorger: "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGGGH!"

The Gorger demon rears its left arm, preparing to smash you through the roof.
>>
No. 683037 ID: ea0ad9

>The Gorger demon rears its left arm, preparing to smash you through the roof.
Sliming the shield should help with that.
>>
No. 683038 ID: ca183f

Jump on its head!
>>
No. 683053 ID: 12b273

>>683035
I think you need to get off that roof.

If possible, try to lure it's rampage through the ranks of the other demons, so it tramples them, or smashes building down on them. With good positioning from jumps and speed, it should be possible.

I think this is a game of attrition, now. If we can keep it busy long enough, the fire in it's gut will kill it. We just have to distract and harry.
>>
No. 683061 ID: 5ad4a7

Don't jump on its head, that's way too close to that mouth.

Try just keeping it busy, distracted. Stab at its hand/arm if you get the chance. If its arm gets REALLY stuck you could burn the speed rune to run up its arm and attack its eyes, but for the love of god do not let it catch you.
>>
No. 683074 ID: 3663d3

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODGE
>>
No. 683076 ID: 2f5a7c

Jump over it to dodge its attack and strike the weak spot on its neck as you fly over!
No, wait, does it have a neck? Crap, there goes that strategy.

Okay, dodge the strike and keep its attention on you. Every moment it's chasing you is a moment your allies have to thin the demonic incursion without a giant maneater looming over them.
>>
No. 683118 ID: 90f3c0

Plant the butt of the trident on the roof and point it toward his hand, so he stabs himself with the force of his punch. Duck out of the way and raise your shield to avoid getting crushed while doing so.
>>
No. 683157 ID: 0f1c4d

Jump back or to another roof. It is already burning so we don't need to worry about attacking it further, just avoiding its attacks and luring it away from our allies.
>>
No. 683190 ID: a107fd

Get across the ridgeline of the roof, so it would have to either go through the building or swing at an awkward angle to complete that punch.
>>
No. 683231 ID: 58caf6

>>683035
its derping from all the pain. Go for a demon rodeo. Ride it through the smaller demons, stab it in the eyes really quick, and watch out for the inevitable slaps.
>>
No. 683236 ID: 91ee5f

>>683053
Do this. This is the best thing to do right now.
>>
No. 684165 ID: 2e1fcf
File 144762229632.jpg - (114.24KB , 800x610 , 01of3.jpg )
684165

>I think you need to get off that roof.

>DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODGE

>Jump over it to dodge its attack and strike the weak spot on its neck as you fly over! No, wait, does it have a neck? Crap, there goes that strategy.

>Jump back or to another roof. It is already burning so we don't need to worry about attacking it further, just avoiding its attacks and luring it away from our allies.

>Get across the ridgeline of the roof, so it would have to either go through the building or swing at an awkward angle to complete that punch.

You quickly jump away from your spot, despite the uneven ground, right as the fist of the Gorger goes through the roof, creating a rain of debris and tiles.
>>
No. 684166 ID: 2e1fcf
File 144762248092.jpg - (109.80KB , 800x520 , 02of3.jpg )
684166

>If possible, try to lure it's rampage through the ranks of the other demons, so it tramples them, or smashes building down on them. With good positioning from jumps and speed, it should be possible.

>I think this is a game of attrition, now. If we can keep it busy long enough, the fire in it's gut will kill it. We just have to distract and harry.

>Try just keeping it busy, distracted. Stab at its hand/arm if you get the chance. If its arm gets REALLY stuck you could burn the speed rune to run up its arm and attack its eyes, but for the love of god do not let it catch you.

You run on the other side of the roof.

The Gorger slowly turns its attention to you, squashing imps under his large feet and mass.

Good. It looks way slower than the Fetcher you faced in the dungeon. You should be able to keep at bay and make it deal damage to its own side.
>>
No. 684167 ID: 2e1fcf
File 144762265634.jpg - (124.14KB , 740x650 , 03of3.jpg )
684167

You prepare to quickly jump on the other roof when you feel a tug on your leg.

The Gorger demon's long tongue is wrapped around it. Its body might be slow, but that damn tongue sure was fast! You didn't even notice it.

The demon roars triumphantly on the other side of the roof, while unstucking his left fist from the roof.

The tongue wrapped on your leg feels like a ball and chain, pulling you to a gory demise.
>>
No. 684168 ID: 2ccbb3

Stab the trident onto the tongue! Even if you miss, your foot and the trident will be hard for the demon to yank without tearing its tongue!
>>
No. 684169 ID: 2f4b71

Use the slime bracelet to slip your foot out of the tongue.
>>
No. 684174 ID: 5ad4a7

>>684167
Nail it to the roof.
>>
No. 684182 ID: 58caf6

>>684167
cut it's tongue off with your knife.
>>
No. 684191 ID: 12b273

Trident stabbing it to the roof would stop him from reeling you in, you it leaves you trapped in position, which is bad when it closes enough to punch you.

We might be able to try using the shock bracelet, but as you're touching, you'd zap yourself too.

Sliming your leg free, or cutting the tongue with your shortsword are probably your best bets.
>>
No. 684237 ID: ca183f

Combination plan. Stab with the trident to stop it pulling you in, then if it doesn't let go draw your knife/sword and cut the tongue.
>>
No. 684350 ID: 51280d

>>684237
Supporting this course of action.
>>
No. 684393 ID: 91ee5f

>>684237
This.
>>
No. 690331 ID: c81f24
File 145108089314.jpg - (84.66KB , 700x700 , 01of4.jpg )
690331

>Stab the trident onto the tongue! Even if you miss, your foot and the trident will be hard for the demon to yank without tearing its tongue!

>Nail it to the roof.

>Combination plan. Stab with the trident to stop it pulling you in, then if it doesn't let go draw your knife/sword and cut the tongue.

>Trident stabbing it to the roof would stop him from reeling you in, you it leaves you trapped in position, which is bad when it closes enough to punch you.

You quickly stab jam the trident in the roof. trapping the tongue.
>>
No. 690332 ID: c81f24
File 145108099650.jpg - (68.66KB , 600x700 , 02of4.jpg )
690332

>cut it's tongue off with your knife.

>Sliming your leg free, or cutting the tongue with your shortsword are probably your best bets.

The slime bracelet covers the tongue as well.

You decide to try and cut it with your dagger.

Unfortunately, the blade bounces on the texture of the demon's tongue without being able to cut through.
>>
No. 690333 ID: c81f24
File 145108104796.jpg - (51.86KB , 800x500 , 03of4.jpg )
690333

>We might be able to try using the shock bracelet, but as you're touching, you'd zap yourself too.

You decide to try the bracers and shock the tongue. The powerful surge flows through the sticky saliva of the demon
>>
No. 690334 ID: f56624

>>690332
well shit
>>
No. 690335 ID: c81f24
File 145108116559.jpg - (82.73KB , 800x600 , 04of4.jpg )
690335

The gorger demon reels back, as the electricity flows through its tongue and into what is possibly its brain.

The horrid creatures cries in pain as it starts to fall down.

The tongue has released your leg, but the rest of the tongue is still trapped.

You hear the roof of the house creaking horribly as the demon starts to fall on the ground.
>>
No. 690337 ID: f56624

>>690335
quick, pull out your trident
>>
No. 690340 ID: d4a2dc

Retrieve trident and jump for another roof.
>>
No. 690344 ID: 977a6a

>>690335
Ummm. Unless the tongues tears, or you can unwrap it, you're going to be ripped off the roof and/or the roof is gonna be ripped off the building.

Gonna have to go with the flow. Pull out trident, and jump to land somewhere in range of your tether when the demon falls. On the ground, near the head, maybe? Then you could finish it by trident stabbing through the eye into to brain while it's stunned from the zap and the fall.
>>
No. 690347 ID: 5ea852

Take your trident back and jump towards the shocked demon. While it's still dazed, poke its eyes out. Then proceed with attempts to completely neutralise it. You have to confirm that kill.
>>
No. 690353 ID: 2ccbb3

Pull the spear from the roof and slingshot into the demon's face. While the trident stabs his mouth, use knife and bracer on his eyes and keep going until you reach his brain.
>>
No. 690386 ID: 5ad4a7

>>690335
Use the Immovable Nail on the tongue! Or fuck, even the part of the building the tongue is pinned to!
>>
No. 690393 ID: c45b7e

>>690335
No time to waste, press the attack, it is stunned, and we are agile.

remove trident, jump onto it's head->shoulders-> stab it in the neck, right in the spine. Get some good ol' fashioned paralysis going on. Even if it falls back, the trident will embed further in fully severing the spine, and when the body decomposes we can grab it back.
>>
No. 691096 ID: 5bf959
File 145168319346.jpg - (60.49KB , 700x800 , 01of4.jpg )
691096

>quick, pull out your trident

>Retrieve trident and jump for another roof.

>Gonna have to go with the flow. Pull out trident, and jump to land somewhere in range of your tether when the demon falls. On the ground, near the head, maybe? Then you could finish it by trident stabbing through the eye into to brain while it's stunned from the zap and the fall.

>Take your trident back and jump towards the shocked demon. While it's still dazed, poke its eyes out. Then proceed with attempts to completely neutralise it.

>Pull the spear from the roof and slingshot into the demon's face. While the trident stabs his mouth, use knife and bracer on his eyes and keep going until you reach his brain.

>remove trident, jump onto it's head->shoulders-> stab it in the neck, right in the spine. Get some good ol' fashioned paralysis going on. Even if it falls back, the trident will embed further in fully severing the spine, and when the body decomposes we can grab it back.

You pull out the trident from the roof, the tongue quickly slingshot back from your position.

But you don't even notice it, as you have flexed your muscles and you leaped toward the falling monster.
>>
No. 691097 ID: 5bf959
File 145168329701.jpg - (79.28KB , 600x800 , 02of4.jpg )
691097

You barely land on the creature face, aiming the trident it's difficult due to your own momentum and the creature's falling trajectory.

But you find a target and you jam the trident into the Gorger demon's eye.
>>
No. 691098 ID: 5bf959
File 145168338023.jpg - (92.89KB , 910x650 , 03of4.jpg )
691098

Unable to find good footing for another stab, you jump backward and land on the ground.

The gorger demon's body quickly follows, slamming against the walls of the nearest building. Imps scream in pain as they are crushed by the huge monster's mass.
>>
No. 691099 ID: 5bf959
File 145168352727.jpg - (102.23KB , 1100x600 , 04of4.jpg )
691099

>You have to confirm that kill.

You prepare to strike again, but the Gorger exhales a last, smoking gasp and then it's body goes limp.

It start turning into ashes and dust. Confirming that anything that was keeping it going is gone.

Behind you, Diamante and takabanda cheer on your victory.

But you catch a glimps of more imps swarming into the streets.
>>
No. 691120 ID: d0868f

You need to regroup slash take advantage of the opening the big demon's death allows you before you're overrun by imps again. Gotta get the group to somewhere more defensible.

You're currently the most mobile, since you can hop around and take to the roofs.
>>
No. 691129 ID: 5ad4a7

>>691099
Return to the main group and form ranks! We'll take them as they come.
>>
No. 691144 ID: 2ccbb3

Find a bottleneck position before you get flanked!
>>
No. 691164 ID: 99ca2b

Perhaps we should go to where the Flame guys and their alchemist are.
>>
No. 691172 ID: 3663d3

yeah, everyone needs to regroup and fallback. even if the imps are easy to kill, pure overwhelming quantity can still take down some things.

also, maybe someone should cast a seal to force the spirit of the gorger to cross over instead of trying to get a new body.
>>
No. 691244 ID: 91ee5f

>>691099
Make sure that house it crashed into isn't going to fall on you!
>>
No. 691671 ID: ee5ed4
File 145194002951.jpg - (142.26KB , 1100x600 , 01of3.jpg )
691671

>You need to regroup slash take advantage of the opening the big demon's death allows you before you're overrun by imps again. Gotta get the group to somewhere more defensible. You're currently the most mobile, since you can hop around and take to the roofs.

>Return to the main group and form ranks! We'll take them as they come.

>Find a bottleneck position before you get flanked!

>Perhaps we should go to where the Flame guys and their alchemist are.

>yeah, everyone needs to regroup and fallback. even if the imps are easy to kill, pure overwhelming quantity can still take down some things.

You go back to the group, that has managed to dwindle the number of imps.

Alaiv: "We need to move! We can't stay put for too long or we'll be overrun!"

Takabanda: "Yeah, and my throat is starting to hurt!"

Diamante leads the way, moving the party toward the barn. The knights following you.

>Make sure that house it crashed into isn't going to fall on you!

while you run away, you can hear the house behind you falling down. Hopefully it will slow the imps coming from that position.

You face more and more imps, but they quickly die to your group serrated attacks.
>>
No. 691672 ID: ee5ed4
File 145194014597.jpg - (457.58KB , 1170x600 , 02of3.jpg )
691672

You manage to somehow outrun most of the imps and reach the barn. You hear terrified neighs coming from the building.

Diamante: "Here! Get inside! The horse must still be alive!"
>>
No. 691673 ID: ee5ed4
File 145194029293.jpg - (82.65KB , 800x650 , 03of3.jpg )
691673

You open the doors of the barn to reveal yet another violent scene.

A large quadrupedal demon, stabbed across the chest by the spear of another knight.

Both are dead, as the dissipating body of the demon hints, with his maw still clutched on the bloody remains of the knight's head.

The horses are still alive, closed into their personal stables but they are agitated and scared.
>>
No. 691674 ID: 3663d3

can dumb animals be possessed without dying? if so then making sure the demon goes away instead of hopping is a good idea.
>>
No. 691690 ID: d0868f

Right. So our options are either to hole up here (ward and fortify the building, put protective runes on the horses and new allies to prevent demons getting in them?), or to saddle up and make a run for it. Are there enough horses to go around?
>>
No. 691694 ID: 5ad4a7

>>691673
Takabanda should be able to calm the horses down so we can ride them out.

Also, drat. I wish we could have gotten here just a little quicker, we might have been able to save that dude.
>>
No. 691727 ID: 3663d3

>>691694
actually, is he dead dead or only mostly dead?
>>
No. 691757 ID: ca183f

>>691727
His head is gone. What do you think?
>>
No. 691773 ID: 3274e0

That sword looks kinda special, it might be worth the quick salvage if it ends up carrying some demon-slaying properties.
>>
No. 691793 ID: cf91e4

Neat spear/sword. See if you can take it.

So, the horses are too spooked as is. They will be unrideable once they are outside with a crowd of demons around them.
While it's gruesome, you could try to put the horses out. That might distract the demons long enough for you to fortify. UNLESS, there is more than one entrance, in which case we should go for Alaiv's plan. If we do follow that; free the horses, go out the back and lock the door. The horses should be distraction enough to close/block the front.
>Alaiv interjects: "The barn! We can trick them into following us and trap them there
>>
No. 691841 ID: 91ee5f

>>691673
I asked earlier if it was possible for mule-sized imps to burst out of infected animals and I guess I was right? Maybe?

The fact that that demon looks like it's the size of a horse is unsettling, especially since we're in a barn full of horses. We should check if any of the horses in here are infected. We don't want to deal with that many horse-sized demons! DX
>>
No. 691896 ID: c45b7e

>>691673
Not to disrespect the dead, but if we can have someone marshal the horses to get us the fuck outta here, while we give that knight a quick once over it would benefit us. Takabanda can help with the horses.

We just need to get some identification for the church and any family he may have, as well as any coin or valuables he may have...ya know, for the family. I elect sizzle for this task.

The rest of you be ready to defend, get the spear, pass it to someone, its not going to kill anything if no one wields it.
>>
No. 692471 ID: a3d375
File 145236975232.jpg - (79.27KB , 750x600 , 01of02.jpg )
692471

>can dumb animals be possessed without dying? if so then making sure the demon goes away instead of hopping is a good idea.

>The fact that that demon looks like it's the size of a horse is unsettling, especially since we're in a barn full of horses. We should check if any of the horses in here are infected. We don't want to deal with that many horse-sized demons! DX

>So, the horses are too spooked as is. They will be unrideable once they are outside with a crowd of demons around them.

>Takabanda should be able to calm the horses down so we can ride them out.

>Takabanda can help with the horses.

You look at the dissolving creature and ask Alaiv and Takabanda if it is possible that animlas get possessed.

Takabanda: "Yeah, it's possible. But they would have turned inside out already i think."

He points to an empty broken stall with the remains of a dead mule.

Takabanda: "Where the mule also infected?"

Diamante: "Yes."

Takabanda: "And the horses"

One of the knights answers that they were brought here by the flame after the infection.

Taka nods. "They should be safe then. Gotta calm them down. Help me, Sizzle"

The bard and the alchemist start managing the horses.

>That sword looks kinda special, it might be worth the quick salvage if it ends up carrying some demon-slaying properties.

>Neat spear/sword. See if you can take it.

>The rest of you be ready to defend, get the spear, pass it to someone, its not going to kill anything if no one wields it.

>We just need to get some identification for the church and any family he may have, as well as any coin or valuables he may have...ya know, for the family

You check the corpse of the knight, his head completely mushed into a pulp, partially hanging from what remains of the neck. What a gruesome way to go. But at least he managed to take a demon with him.

You grap the tip of the spear, the handle snapped when the creature fell on it, impaling itself.

You don't have time to check it better because one of the knights grabs the rest of the handle and starts tugging it away from you.

"Please, don't touch it. Only the Knights of the Unquenchable Flame can wield these sacred spears."

You tell him that you just wanted to know who was the owner of the weapon, as you let him take it.

Knight: "Our captain... Sir Marcus Flamebiter."
>>
No. 692474 ID: a3d375
File 145236994210.jpg - (49.79KB , 600x600 , 02of02.jpg )
692474

>While it's gruesome, you could try to put the horses out. That might distract the demons long enough for you to fortify. UNLESS, there is more than one entrance, in which case we should go for Alaiv's plan. If we do follow that; free the horses, go out the back and lock the door. The horses should be distraction enough to close/block the front.

>Right. So our options are either to hole up here (ward and fortify the building, put protective runes on the horses and new allies to prevent demons getting in them?), or to saddle up and make a run for it. Are there enough horses to go around?

There are enough Horses for everyone, Taka and Diamante can share the same horse with someone else. And hopefully you too, since you have never ride one in your life...

You ask Diamante if there are other openings.

Diamante: "There are two. The one we came in and a secondary one we use when we need to stored carts. This place is solid. Made of stone, first thing we built when this colony was made. The secondary door leads to the main road, toward the exit of this hamlet and the other one, well, in front of the small square we went through to get here"
>>
No. 692484 ID: 5ad4a7

>>692474
An Unmovable Nail would help for blocking doors. Optimally you'd want to put the nail on the toughest part of the door. Or put something else incredibly tough against the door, and the nail on that.

We could totally block one exit that way and try to kill the rest of the imps via chokepoint. ...unless there are other big demons around? If we could get a rough estimate of the enemy forces' strength, we could determine if we can eliminate the threat without having to go back for reinforcements and risk letting some demons escape. On the other hand, I suppose holing up here would give the demons a chance to escape as well.

Right. I think we should mount up and ride out. Someone should get the horses ready while the others make sure the path will be clear. Do be sure to mention you have no idea how to ride a horse.
>>
No. 692498 ID: 2ccbb3

Get a list of inventory items from the knights, as well as a recap of your squad's abilities and items. Now's the time to plan, use a nail to keep the imps out while you think.

This is grim but use Marcus' corpse as bait, throwing what's left of him into the fray while you escape through the front office. Armor the horses, you need speed but you will be constantly attacked in a narrow set of paths.
>>
No. 692516 ID: 61fd94

>>692471
Protip: try to be respectful of the dead. Looting a body in front of it's still living friends is generally not going to do you any favors.

>idea
Any chance we could use alchemy or order of the flame stuff to rig a fire trap of some kind? We let demons in one door as we retreat out the other, light the place up, and seal the door behind us. They won't be able to break out of the stone fast enough, and they'll clog the other door fighting to get back out if we let enough of them in. They'll burn to death, trapped. (Immovable nail on the door is a good idea).

Should thin their numbers and give us a distraction / opportunity to run.

Fitting funeral pyre for a captain of the Unquenchable Flame, too.
>>
No. 698970 ID: 247b8f
File 145462074947.jpg - (59.71KB , 900x500 , 01of5.jpg )
698970

>Protip: try to be respectful of the dead. Looting a body in front of it's still living friends is generally not going to do you any favors.

You will remember next time. It's weird how customs are so different from your tribe. usually a dead body has no need for things that can help the living.

>Get a list of inventory items from the knights, as well as a recap of your squad's abilities and items. Now's the time to plan, use a nail to keep the imps out while you think.
>>
No. 698972 ID: 247b8f
File 145462083309.jpg - (99.99KB , 900x750 , 02of5.jpg )
698972

>We let demons in one door as we retreat out the other, light the place up, and seal the door behind us. They won't be able to break out of the stone fast enough, and they'll clog the other door fighting to get back out if we let enough of them in. They'll burn to death, trapped. (Immovable nail on the door is a good idea).

>We could totally block one exit that way and try to kill the rest of the imps via chokepoint. ...unless there are other big demons around? If we could get a rough estimate of the enemy forces' strength, we could determine if we can eliminate the threat without having to go back for reinforcements and risk letting some demons escape. On the other hand, I suppose holing up here would give the demons a chance to escape as well.
>>
No. 698973 ID: 247b8f
File 145462088729.jpg - (58.63KB , 800x500 , 03of5.jpg )
698973

>This is grim but use Marcus' corpse as bait, throwing what's left of him into the fray while you escape through the front office. Armor the horses, you need speed but you will be constantly attacked in a narrow set of paths.
>>
No. 698974 ID: 247b8f
File 145462091858.jpg - (61.84KB , 600x600 , 04of5.jpg )
698974

>Any chance we could use alchemy or order of the flame stuff to rig a fire trap of some kind?
>>
No. 698975 ID: 247b8f
File 145462110988.jpg - (52.75KB , 660x550 , 05of5.jpg )
698975

>Fitting funeral pyre for a captain of the Unquenchable Flame, too.

>Should thin their numbers and give us a distraction / opportunity to run.

>An Unmovable Nail would help for blocking doors. Optimally you'd want to put the nail on the toughest part of the door. Or put something else incredibly tough against the door, and the nail on that.

Alright. You had to use two nails for each door, but there is no real way that those almost mindless creatures will be able to get out. The rest of the building is made entirely of stone and bricks, so they are now being burned slowly inside. You can hear their horrid screams.

>Right. I think we should mount up and ride out. Someone should get the horses ready while the others make sure the path will be clear. Do be sure to mention you have no idea how to ride a horse.

Takabanda managed to calm the horses. But since there are two dwarves and you, all unable to ride properly, the escape might not work well as you thought. You are not sure how many demons there might be still around, but the ones in the stables are out of the picture at least.
>>
No. 698978 ID: 5ad4a7

>>698975
Can't you just tie some of the horses together so that those without riding skills are being directed by those that can ride properly?
>>
No. 699003 ID: 2ccbb3

One of you use a torch to rally the horses, and the others use weak rope to lead the horses towards the flame.
>>
No. 699024 ID: 02422f

>locking demons in a barn and leaving them to burn
It's good to be an adventurer.

>But since there are two dwarves and you, all unable to ride properly
Can we grab a cart or sled or something for the non-riders to ride in?

Or... if Sizzle has shrinking potion or something, the three of you could just ride with one of the others.
>>
No. 699035 ID: 3663d3

>>698978
yeah. sitting on a horse is easy enough. just need someone to lead.
>>
No. 699065 ID: c45b7e

>>698975
by any chance is there a wagon or cart available to make our escape?
>>
No. 699163 ID: a107fd

Everybody who knows how to ride a horse, do so, and spread out, but stay in shouting range. Everybody else stick close together, spears out, ranged attackers second rank, wounded and noncombatants in the middle. Cavalry scouts ahead and off to the sides so infantry can march along steadily without being distracted or outflanked.
>>
No. 699804 ID: b904a2
File 145487778820.jpg - (74.66KB , 600x750 , 01of3.jpg )
699804

>Can't you just tie some of the horses together so that those without riding skills are being directed by those that can ride properly?

>One of you use a torch to rally the horses, and the others use weak rope to lead the horses towards the flame.

>Everybody who knows how to ride a horse, do so, and spread out, but stay in shouting range. Everybody else stick close together, spears out, ranged attackers second rank, wounded and noncombatants in the middle. Cavalry scouts ahead and off to the sides so infantry can march along steadily without being distracted or outflanked.

>yeah. sitting on a horse is easy enough. just need someone to lead.

You ask Alaiv if he could lead the horses while you grab on.

Alaiv: "That's too risky. We need to be fast, and if you don't know how to handle a horse on full speed you'll fall down. Same goes for our dwarven friends."

>Can we grab a cart or sled or something for the non-riders to ride in?

>by any chance is there a wagon or cart available to make our escape?

You look around for a cart or something, while telling the others your idea.

Diamante: "getting the horses to a cart is going to slow us down even more! We gotta act fast!"

>Or... if Sizzle has shrinking potion or something, the three of you could just ride with one of the others.

Sizzle: "Actually... i think i have an idea!"

She grabs something from her bag.

You ask what that is.

Sizzle: "A solution! You might not like what it does though. But it's either this or die in the middle of the monsters"

You tell you'll take that. It can't be worse than being stuck here for too long.
>>
No. 699805 ID: 2ccbb3

Just get it over with.
>>
No. 699806 ID: b904a2
File 145487792123.jpg - (52.75KB , 600x600 , 02of3.jpg )
699806

...

You really hope that if any historian or bard decides to write a story about your adventure he or she will leave this part behind.

You strengthen your hold on Sizzle's handbag while her horse speeds up.
>>
No. 699808 ID: b904a2
File 145487817440.jpg - (131.28KB , 950x500 , 03of3.jpg )
699808

Your group finally runs out of the village, the demons tries to chase you, but are too slow to keep up with the horses.

You run for a good mile before stopping.

You managed to get out of the village alive. Diamante and the two knights are still with you.

You are all shaken but happy to have made it out alive.

Takabanda: "So, i think i'm going to say something that everyone is thinking? FUCK DEMONS!"
>>
No. 699823 ID: 2ccbb3

Get to the cave, and stop this nightmare before the demons reach the city. Some of your minions may die if you rush the dungeon, but the entire city is in danger.
>>
No. 699827 ID: 5ea852

Disagree with Takabanda's sentiment as demons are not physically appealing by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
No. 699828 ID: 02422f

So... we should probably split up at this point. We're pretty sure the source of this is in those mines, and we need to put a stop to it. But the knights need to get back to town and warn people so defenses are up before any demons get over there.
>>
No. 699831 ID: 3663d3

while regrowing and getting your stuff back on explain your idea that curing the one dwarf triggered the rest into acting because they sensed the demon that was growing in him suddenly getting destroyed and knew if they didn't act then they were next.
>>
No. 699832 ID: b17b81

Have the two knights of the flame go warn/protect the town and take Diamante with us to the mine so we can find the cave/den.
>>
No. 699955 ID: 5ad4a7

>>699808
Gonna have to agree with you there, Takabanda.

Okay the knights can report back to town and alert the guard there so that they can defend properly. We'll go to the cave and try to eliminate the problem at the source.
>>
No. 699987 ID: 15720c

>>699827
Given how Takabanda normally talks, this is the perfect assumption for the meaning to his wording.
>>
No. 700059 ID: 91ee5f

>>699808
Now that you're away from demons, ask how long until the potion wears off. And if it takes too long to wear off, ask if you can have a potion that turns you back to normal size. And if Sizzle doesn't have a potion like that for some reason, glare at her and ask, "Why do you have a shrinking potion, but not a growing potion?!?!"
>>
No. 701773 ID: b405ab
File 145545519862.jpg - (63.87KB , 650x600 , 01of4.jpg )
701773

>Disagree with Takabanda's sentiment as demons are not physically appealing by any stretch of the imagination.

>Gonna have to agree with you there, Takabanda.

>Given how Takabanda normally talks, this is the perfect assumption for the meaning to his wording.

You tell to Takabanda that you agree with the sentiment as long as he doesn't mean having sex with them, because you can't imagine whoever would be so stupid to do such a thing.

Takabanda: "Oh boy! You'd be surprised about the people i met in my life hahahahahah!"
>>
No. 701774 ID: b405ab
File 145545553360.jpg - (66.34KB , 600x620 , 02of4.jpg )
701774

>So... we should probably split up at this point. We're pretty sure the source of this is in those mines, and we need to put a stop to it. But the knights need to get back to town and warn people so defenses are up before any demons get over there.

>while regrowing and getting your stuff back on explain your idea that curing the one dwarf triggered the rest into acting because they sensed the demon that was growing in him suddenly getting destroyed and knew if they didn't act then they were next.

>Have the two knights of the flame go warn/protect the town and take Diamante with us to the mine so we can find the cave/den.

>Okay the knights can report back to town and alert the guard there so that they can defend properly. We'll go to the cave and try to eliminate the problem at the source.

>Now that you're away from demons, ask how long until the potion wears off. And if it takes too long to wear off, ask if you can have a potion that turns you back to normal size. And if Sizzle doesn't have a potion like that for some reason, glare at her and ask, "Why do you have a shrinking potion, but not a growing potion?!?!"

You ask Sizzle how long it takes for the potion to wear off.

Sizzle tells you that it's permanent but she has several enlarging potions so the effect will balance out.

While you and the dwarves grow back to normal size, you explain to the knights and Diamante what might have happened. The knights agree to run back to the town to fortify and to alarm the rest of the temple.

Knight: "May the flame light your path, friends!"

Alaiv: "May the flame shine upon you too, friend."
>>
No. 701775 ID: b405ab
File 145545569336.jpg - (98.40KB , 715x600 , 03of4.jpg )
701775

>Get to the cave, and stop this nightmare before the demons reach the city. Some of your minions may die if you rush the dungeon, but the entire city is in danger.

>take Diamante with us to the mine so we can find the cave/den.

>We'll go to the cave and try to eliminate the problem at the source.

It takes one day to reach the mines, while avoiding any possible encounter with demons and other creatures that might lurk around.

Diamante guides your party down in the shafts, the poisonous mist seems to be completely gone already, but the caves smell horribly. The stench of rotten meat hits your nose at every second, but you are sure that the rune is protecting you, as you feel it warms over your skin.

Diamante: "There. that's the spot!"
>>
No. 701776 ID: b405ab
File 145545586658.jpg - (58.50KB , 800x500 , 04of4.jpg )
701776

The mineshaft is partially collapsed.

Alaiv asks Diamante if the knights have sealed off the opening where the gas came out.

Diamante: "Nay. No one came here after the accident. And that is neither a good or a bad job. No miner did that. Nor delicate-finger knights. I know for sure."
>>
No. 701779 ID: 3663d3

okay, watch out for ambushes and try and shift some rocks, if it's clear its not going to open then we need to get to the temple instead and get in there from the other side.
>>
No. 701787 ID: 5ea852

Examine the collapse with Diamante and try to figure out if it's supposed to keep people out or keep something in.

Diamante should lead the way as the expert so you don't cause a cave-in, considering the poor state of support columns.
>>
No. 701799 ID: 1cebc8

There should be some tools lying around. Find a way to reinforce the tunnels as you dig your way through.
>>
No. 701835 ID: 02422f

Advance, cautiously. Let your former miner check out that collapse, see if he learns anything from it.

Unless there's something hidden behind the rockfall, there's only one way to go, until we hit a fork in the tunnels.
>>
No. 701846 ID: c45b7e

>>701776
that second beam is dangerous, might we need to reinforce it less it caves in immediately after we walk past it?
>>
No. 701880 ID: 5ad4a7

>>701776
Don't mess with the rocks. Whoever or whatever did this is likely still here. Explore a bit down the tunnel to find the culprit.
>>
No. 702416 ID: 364ed6
File 145565988333.jpg - (102.64KB , 800x530 , 01of4.jpg )
702416

>okay, watch out for ambushes and try and shift some rocks, if it's clear its not going to open then we need to get to the temple instead and get in there from the other side.

>Examine the collapse with Diamante and try to figure out if it's supposed to keep people out or keep something in.

>Diamante should lead the way as the expert so you don't cause a cave-in, considering the poor state of support columns.

>Advance, cautiously. Let your former miner check out that collapse, see if he learns anything from it.

>Unless there's something hidden behind the rockfall, there's only one way to go, until we hit a fork in the tunnels.

>that second beam is dangerous, might we need to reinforce it less it caves in immediately after we walk past it?

>Don't mess with the rocks. Whoever or whatever did this is likely still here. Explore a bit down the tunnel to find the culprit.


The tunnel ends abruptly few meters after the turn. There is no one around here. Not even tools.

You ask Diamante if they managed to grab their own tools when they opened the breach.

Diamante: "Nay. We barely got out of here alive. Someone must have picked the tools..."

He checks the rocks

Diamante: "Probably the same that did this. They closed the breach with rocks and other shit. But they didn't do a good job."

You ask if that is the breach he was talking about.

Diamante: "Aye. Behind this there is a small tunnel that we didn't manage to check, since the gas hit us."
>>
No. 702417 ID: 364ed6
File 145566007748.jpg - (94.78KB , 930x800 , 02of4.jpg )
702417

Diamante tells you that he will reopen the breach again. Sizzle suggests that she can help out with rock acid if necessary.

It takes almost an hour for the both of them to reopen, while you and Alaiv help out by clearing the rubbles and reinforcing the beams with a couple of unmovable nails.

You then enter the tunnel, which descend for a while, until you reach a underground cave with a lake.

Sizzle: "Well... this is certainly different."

The large statue on the other side reminds you of the first dungeon you visited.

You are sure now that this should lead to the right place.
>>
No. 702418 ID: 364ed6
File 145566019267.jpg - (70.62KB , 960x400 , 03of4.jpg )
702418

Your group has to swim across the lake, to reach the little opening on the other side.

You help Sizzle out since she admits she isn't really a good swimmer.

After you reach the other side, you take a moment to dry up.
>>
No. 702419 ID: 364ed6
File 145566030072.jpg - (86.93KB , 800x490 , 04of4.jpg )
702419

Takabanda: "MMMMMMMMH"

You ask Takabanda what's wrong.

Takabanda: "I can hear someone chanting down the tunnel. At least two dozens of people. I can't understand what they are chanting though."

You try to listen, but you hear nothing. You ask Takabanda if he is sure.

Takabanda: "Trust me. If we bard are good at something is hearing other people singing ahahah."
>>
No. 702421 ID: 5ad4a7

>>702419
Two dozen... that could be a problem. We need to scout the area, see if there's a way past without getting into a fight with numbers that big. Who's the best at being quiet? Maybe a potion would help too.
>>
No. 702422 ID: 5ea852

Ask him if he feels kinda drawn to it. Hope there's no such thing as Cave Sirens.
>>
No. 702428 ID: 90f3c0

>chanting in an abandoned tunnel
That sound like cultist stuff. Cultist are the worst. You better sneak up on them at see what they're doing. Use some any stealth potion that are available.
>>
No. 702430 ID: bb78f2

Well, shit, Takabanda, anything you can deduce about the meaning as we get closer?
>>
No. 702434 ID: 02422f

>>702419
...I'd be reluctant to attack someone completely blind, but I rather doubt we're going to find friends down here.

Sneaking up on them to see what's up seems reasonable.
>>
No. 702435 ID: bb78f2

Wait, I've been rereading the thread, and I think I have a concern, I just wish we could talk to S'shimh right now.

We might be coming around the Mud Dragon cultists. Annnnnd the Mud Dragon might be the demon source or allied with demons. S'shimh said the sickness was Mud Dragon Magic, and said magic produced demons eventually. Logically speaking, we're not walking into a potentially old ally of S'shimh's ruined temple, we're walking into a potentially CURRENT enemy of S'shimh's fully functional and working temple, and that enemy is a dragon that can produce demons with its magic.

So those cultists that we're likely hearing right now? Fuck them, and fuck that mud dragon. The [;ace we're coming up to has likely been MAINTAINED. Be careful for traps. Really good, recently made traps even.
>>
No. 702589 ID: 91ee5f

>>702435
I'm pretty sure that the demon from S'shimh's temple wasn't the only one. I think it was just one of many that were sent out to different temples to infect dragon eggs. The demon Flycatcher killed infected him with a soul bug thingy of some kind, so maybe the demon that was sent here was actually successful and the Mud Dragon hatched infected. That means it's an Infected Mud Dragon that we're going to end up fighting!
>>
No. 702596 ID: 5ad4a7

>>702589
If that is the case, I wonder if Takabanda can heal it? May as well ask him now.

I mean if we just try to kill it without discussing our options... what if we could have saved it?
>>
No. 702604 ID: 2ccbb3

>>702596
The soul virus was likely designed to spread and integrate with the host until it would literally be easier to create a dragon from genetic manipulation than to "undo" what has become a core aspect of its being. So I don't think we can cure the dragon after a few months of uninterred infection.

However, we might be able to capture the dragon alive, which should open up some PAINFUL alchemy experiments. All we need to do is sever their arms and wings and then torture them until they can't think straight. With any luck, we can bleed the dragon dry and purify their blood for crafting reagents.
>>
No. 704536 ID: c923aa
File 145617625761.jpg - (69.75KB , 800x500 , 01of3.jpg )
704536

>Ask him if he feels kinda drawn to it. Hope there's no such thing as Cave Sirens.

Takabanda: "No. Their voices are really rash. They should get some singing lessons. Seriously!"

>Well, shit, Takabanda, anything you can deduce about the meaning as we get closer?

Takabanda: "Well i can. But i am really bad at sneaking around. Not my style! As bards use to say: 'If they can't hear you, what's the point in singing?'."

Gianni: "I COULD! B-BUT I AM NOT GOING THERE ALONE..."

>I'm pretty sure that the demon from S'shimh's temple wasn't the only one. I think it was just one of many that were sent out to different temples to infect dragon eggs. The demon Flycatcher killed infected him with a soul bug thingy of some kind, so maybe the demon that was sent here was actually successful and the Mud Dragon hatched infected. That means it's an Infected Mud Dragon that we're going to end up fighting!

>If that is the case, I wonder if Takabanda can heal it? May as well ask him now.

>I mean if we just try to kill it without discussing our options... what if we could have saved it?

You wish you could ask a couple of questions to S'shi'mh. But entering the mindlink in the middle of a dungeon where monsters can pop out at any moment is too dangerous.

You ask Takabanda if he would be able to heal the dragon, if they have been possessed by a demon, similar to the way he cleansed you from the parasyte.

Takabanda: "No. At least i don't think. We were lucky your parasyte hadn't start to spread. But it might be too late for the dragon. The demon might have already completely absorbed and corrupted the soul. If we are talking about a demon-dragon here, our only option will be to..."

Alaiv: "...Kill them"

Takabanda: "Yeah"

Diamante: "I'm ok with that. Serves them right for what they did to Pirite!" He spits on the cold stone.

>Two dozen... that could be a problem. We need to scout the area, see if there's a way past without getting into a fight with numbers that big. Who's the best at being quiet? Maybe a potion would help too.

>Sneaking up on them to see what's up seems reasonable.

Since you are the only one that has been into a ranidae dungeon, you are the only one that might have the experience to deal with whatever waits for you inside the tunnel. You volunteer to scout ahead, but you ask the group if they have anything that can help.

Both Takabanda and Sizzle raise their hand.

Takabanda: "I can enchant you to be completely silent. It will also make you unable to speak, but no one will ever hear you move around. It only works for one hour though. "

Sizzle: "And i have a couple of potions of invisibility! With these you can move around without being seen! They only work for half an hour so you'll have to take that in consideration and drink a new dose. Don't drink three potions in a row though! It might cause... secondary effects..."
>>
No. 704538 ID: c923aa
File 145617637389.jpg - (67.85KB , 950x500 , 02of3.jpg )
704538

You drink the potion after Takabanda enchants you.

You and Gianni then begin your scouting route inside the tunnel.

You ask Gianni if it feels alright. But you are unable to speak at all, as Takabanda warned you.

Gianni seems to understand anyway, and tugs you with one of its tentacles.

You proceed down the tunnel, until you can finally hear the chanting.
>>
No. 704539 ID: c923aa
File 145617657079.jpg - (84.00KB , 800x500 , 03of3.jpg )
704539

You reach the end of the tunnel, which opens into a large cavern.

Here you can see other small tunnels caving the entirety of the walls of the cave.

But your attention is caught by the large pool in the middle of it. And what looks like an ancient church on the side of it. A towering construction of white stone, covered in moss.

That's where the chanting is coming. Now loud enough for you to be able to hear it clearly.

The chant is irregular and awful to listen to. It sound like a bunch of creatures gargling all together in a cacophony of sounds.
>>
No. 704542 ID: 5ad4a7

>>704539
Completely silent and invisible means that we can just go kill all of them. Go get a look at them to see just how killable they are.

Uh, avoid puddles and stuff like that. If your feet get wet they'll be able to tell where you are by your footprints.
>>
No. 704543 ID: bb78f2

>>704538
Be careful, they MIGHT be able to see your clothes and Trident.

I mean, they look faded out right now so they might be invisible but... I don't know how that invisibility potion works, if you were to drop your Tridant, and it IS invisible, would you be able to pick it up again? Can you see your Tridant and yourself right now?
>>
No. 704577 ID: 02422f

Careful- you're invisible, but any ripples or displaced water you create won't be. And splashes might not be silent. And if you get wet, you might leave wet footprints or dripping water as you move around. So you need to avoid water - hop over it, don't swim through.

No attack or ambush, yet. Just get over to the door and peek around. See what we're dealing with, here.
>>
No. 704578 ID: 5ea852

Sneak a peek into the church interior.

Try to identify what they're doing and then get all wraith on their asses if you think you can take them on.
>>
No. 704581 ID: 5ad4a7

...oh. One issue is that we don't know if additional materials that get on you will turn invisible too. Like, if you get in a fight and blood splashes on you, will the blood reveal your position? If it did, then that means we absolutely cannot fight the mob. The first kill will get blood on your weapon at the least, and you'll no longer be undetectable.

The only way to test this would be to say, pick up a rock, and see if it turns invisible.
>>
No. 704642 ID: 67d5dc

They're souleating demons, Its possible they have some sort of 'life sense'. Be careful.
>>
No. 704851 ID: eb8330
File 145626764591.jpg - (46.58KB , 700x800 , 01of5.jpg )
704851

>Be careful, they MIGHT be able to see your clothes and Trident.

>I mean, they look faded out right now so they might be invisible but... I don't know how that invisibility potion works, if you were to drop your Tridant, and it IS invisible, would you be able to pick it up again? Can you see your Tridant and yourself right now?

>...oh. One issue is that we don't know if additional materials that get on you will turn invisible too. Like, if you get in a fight and blood splashes on you, will the blood reveal your position? If it did, then that means we absolutely cannot fight the mob. The first kill will get blood on your weapon at the least, and you'll no longer be undetectable.

>The only way to test this would be to say, pick up a rock, and see if it turns invisible.

You pick up a nearby rock, and you can clearly understand that it hasn't turned invisible with you. Which means that if you ever get something on it would make you visible. Good to know. You should avoid blood splatters at any cost. And probably even getting wet.

You choose the easiest path. Jumping over any gap you can find, avoiding water and anything that could give away your position.
>>
No. 704854 ID: eb8330
File 145626777723.jpg - (35.39KB , 600x600 , 02of5.jpg )
704854

>Uh, avoid puddles and stuff like that. If your feet get wet they'll be able to tell where you are by your footprints.

>Sneak a peek into the church interior.

>They're souleating demons, Its possible they have some sort of 'life sense'. Be careful.

>Completely silent and invisible means that we can just go kill all of them. Go get a look at them to see just how killable they are.

You carefully move toward the church and take a peek inside
>>
No. 704855 ID: eb8330
File 145626801633.jpg - (95.03KB , 800x580 , 03of5.jpg )
704855

Inside, you can see finally the chanting creatures.

Over two dozens of them, chanting and praying to what seems to be a dragon skeleton.

Your attention is attracted to the skull in particular, sitting on a broken pillar.

And then, you fall unconscious.
>>
No. 704858 ID: eb8330
File 145626828039.jpg - (71.59KB , 800x500 , 04of5.jpg )
704858

You wake up in the familiar sensation of the mindlink. S'shi'mh standing right next to you.

You ask her if she opened the communication and why would she do that now.

She looks at you confused.

S'shi'mh: It wasn't me, Wielder of the Trident! I can't even open a mindlink on my own!

???: Not yet at least.
>>
No. 704861 ID: eb8330
File 145626849666.jpg - (59.50KB , 600x600 , 05of5 END.jpg )
704861

You both turn to see to whom the calm and warm voice belongs.

???: I greet you and your lineage, child of Si'Fud. Welcome Home.

[END OF CHAPTER 03]
>>
No. 704863 ID: 55b54c

>>704861
"hey you got a little something you know right... EVERYWHERE"
>>
No. 704867 ID: 5ea852

You okay, brah?
>>
No. 704869 ID: 02422f

>unconscious
Well I guess we won't be found until the invisibility spell wears off, or until someone trips over us. At least we wouldn't have made any noise falling over or dropping the trident, with the silent spell.

>>704861
Looks like a mud dragon, yep. And not obviously corrupted by demons, either.

Dumb question, but that's not your skull they're worshiping, right?
>>
No. 704911 ID: 2ccbb3

"WHEW ITH TUH BEBEH?! I WAWWOW NO WHEW ITH THUH BEBEH!!!"
>>
No. 704917 ID: 5ad4a7

>>704861
Looks like... the dragon died, but its soul was bound to its corpse. It lives on, and the worshippers might even be loyal Ranidae. If that's the case... did they unleash the mud curse to try to keep this place secret?

If that's the case why is the curse creating demons?
Or... were the miners infected by demons all along, were guided to break into this dragon crypt to try to destroy the dragon's soul, and the curse isn't responsible? It could be the rune merely alerted the demons to the presence of someone who had access to dragon knowledge.
>>
No. 704956 ID: 15720c

>>704863
Hey, Ranidae get that all the time. There's nothing new about it.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password