[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 663996)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 144003501327.png - (291.81KB , 700x600 , 0title.png )
663996 No. 663996 ID: a6f913

My boyfriend's busted.
Expand all images
>>
No. 663997 ID: a6f913
File 144003502386.png - (281.58KB , 700x600 , 01.png )
663997

I mean, technically, I am too. But he's worse, so we gotta have some kind of triage, right?
>>
No. 663998 ID: e114bc

Sure. What's wrong? Do you know how to fix him?
>>
No. 664000 ID: 9297f4

Did you download more ram?
>>
No. 664002 ID: ab7529

What's wrong with the two of you? It's not immediately obvious, from our perspective.
>>
No. 664003 ID: defceb

Try turning him off and on again.
>>
No. 664004 ID: 6b5bc6

try installing some drivers and uninstalling firefox
>>
No. 664007 ID: 0fc976

Press the insert key, left arrow, shift+6. All better!
:^)
>>
No. 664008 ID: 882701

download malwarebytes
>>
No. 664009 ID: a6f913
File 144003746038.png - (164.23KB , 700x600 , 02.png )
664009

Theft is bad around here. Somebody ripped off some of his OS and now he can't talk anymore - just flash stupid emoticons at me. He acts different, too, like his personality is all messed up - but I gotta say I like that part better than how he was before.

I got something stolen, too, but it's a little more abstract. I'm not a hundred percent sure what it was. My ability to give a shit, I guess. Whatever it was, as far as I'm concerned, it's done me a favor. Not everyone around me agrees.

If I knew how to dig around in his head and try to get him working myself, I would. But I have no idea how to do any of that, and if I stick my hands in there all careless there's a better chance he'll wind up dead than fixed.

I gotta ditch him, though. I'm sick of dealing with him. But even with the way I am now, I know it's not right to leave him like this. I don't think he can take care of himself. I gotta find a way to fix him before I break up with him, see?
>>
No. 664010 ID: 9297f4

So, how was he like before this dealo? Was he abusive?
>>
No. 664011 ID: ab7529

>Not everyone around me agrees.
Who else is around you, besides emoti-boyfriend?

>I gotta find a way to fix him before I break up with him, see?
Can you maybe find the people who ripped you off and rip them off?

Or you need to find some kind of computer person expert and convince them to fix him.
>>
No. 664012 ID: 46df9e

So you need to break up with him, but can't until he's fixed, and your not capable of fixing him yourself. Do you know anyone who would know how to dig around his head?
>>
No. 664016 ID: 1cebc8

You don't have to put up with this. Your apartment is low-res, your boyfriend is hasta la Vista, and you don't give a ^&*( anymore.

Guess it's time to find the asshole who did the last part.
>>
No. 664036 ID: a6f913
File 144004401404.png - (216.91KB , 700x600 , 03.png )
664036

>Who else is around you, besides emoti-boyfriend?
>Or you need to find some kind of computer person expert and convince them to fix him.

I don't know anyone all that useful. Only a few people come to mind right away. My best friend - I guess? - is Sweat, an angel. It knows shit. A lot of shit. Very possibly all of the shit. It's cryptic, though, and annoying, but at least it likes me better than pretty much anyone else.

There's also Ne. He's a thief, so he knows other thieves, and he definitely knows his way around - but info never comes cheap from him, and to make things even more difficult, he's no rat. I'm not sure I'd be able to barter anything USEFUL out of him if it has anything to do with his "associates."

The only other ones I can imagine being helpful are my ex and his new girlfriend, but to be honest, I'd rather not see their Die Antwoord-looking asses if I can help it.
>>
No. 664037 ID: 6b5bc6

nice scar, how'd you get it? also is robo bfs with jacked up os's a common problem
>>
No. 664038 ID: 7405a7
664038

do you have any skills that could be useful in this situation? (obviously inadequate tech know-how, but maybe something that would help you track down the thieves? something you could leverage against people, or use to get people to help you?)
>>
No. 664039 ID: ab7529

Let's try the angel. A cryptic hint is better than no hint at all, and maybe your new sate of mind means you'll be able to think it through without being annoyed by it. You'd have to give a shit to be frustrated or annoyed.

Plus, as a 'friend', it has the most motivation to try and help you get fixed. (Even if you only plan to fix your boyfriend and not yourself).
>>
No. 664040 ID: bb78f2

Does your boyfriend have an actual doctor that can do this? I mean, he seems like a healthy guy besides this whole missing OS and personality changing stuff. He probably goes on regular doctor's visits. You should actually maybe talk to your boyfriend.

Get a piece of paper and pen, maybe he can write? He HAS to have some sort of failsafe, or at least his general species would, like a backup disk around here somewhere. I mean, what if he DIDN'T have you to help him and this happened? It would mean that his species couldn't afford to live alone if this is possible. I mean, shit, there should be a computer equivalent of a "Help I've fallen and I can't get up" kind of thing amongst his shit.
>>
No. 664042 ID: e114bc

Ask your thief buddy to track down your brain-bits. You don't need to know who stole them, you just want them back.
>>
No. 664046 ID: a6f913
File 144004556466.png - (104.33KB , 700x600 , 04.png )
664046

>nice scar, how'd you get it?
Woke up with it the morning after one of our break-ins. I guess this is what they left behind after they took my ... whatever.

>He HAS to have some sort of failsafe, or at least his general species would, like a backup disk around here somewhere.

He's not a species - his head is like that because his real head got stolen before we got together, and the computer is the best thing he had to replace it with. That was working fine for him til the theft earlier this year.

>Let's try the angel.
>Ask your thief buddy to track down your brain-bits.

Well, I guess I could see both of them. Just a matter of who I want to drop by first.
>>
No. 664048 ID: 77f772

>>664046
Start with the one who's more likely to cost more so you're more likely to have the money on hand.
>>
No. 664051 ID: ab7529

>>664046
Start with the angel. Its advice will be free, and maybe the cryptic hints will help you with the thief.
>>
No. 664054 ID: 5367c2

Go with the angel first.
>>
No. 664061 ID: a6f913
File 144004894132.png - (289.32KB , 700x600 , 05.png )
664061

I guess it's time to go see Sweat. It's been a while, so I think it might be kind of happy to see me.

"Hey, Reiss, I'm going out for a bit. You charged?"

":D"

"Okay." I look around the apartment. Right now I, I Have:

- $12.65 USD
- two tampons (without applicators)
- one menstrual pad (wrapped)
- an assisted open pocketknife
- a half-eaten granola bar
- city map (obsolete)
- slightly above average cognitive function
- slightly below average emotional capacity
- average physical capacity
- 22 years and some change worth of memories
- 22 years and some change worth of experiences/knowledge

Around here, anything you possess, you can Have - it can stay with you, and you don't have to worry about storage or anything. I should definitely at least bring my cell phone, but I'm not sure if there's anything else I should take.
>>
No. 664062 ID: 6b5bc6

pocket knife? hey, you never know. even though it. doesnt seem like you have pockets. whatever
>>
No. 664063 ID: 77f772

>>664061
If the area you live in is as shitty as you say it is might what bring some form of protection, like the knife
>>
No. 664070 ID: 1cebc8

You can't take your real estate with you (unless it's some kind of trailer which is unlikely), so plant a bomb or security camera inside. May as well make use of what you expect to lose.

Enough fooling around, find some clean clothes and skedaddle.
>>
No. 664116 ID: b9cef6

Take the knife for protection, and the bar as a snack.
This angel, he the burning wheels with eyes type?
>>
No. 664139 ID: 81df8a

cell phone charger, water bottle, and luck
>>
No. 664140 ID: 74b802

Take all the things with you. the tampons and pad could come in useful if you meet someone in need of those things. gives you real leverage I'd wager. bit mean but I guess that's what happens when your brain bits and bf's os get stolen. Also, even if the map is obsolete, it might prove useful. for... something. is it just an old map of your current location, or is it of some other place? in any case, maps are useful. You could even send pursuers or shady people in wild goose chases with it. or you could make hipster jewellry/ stationary out of it and try to sell that for outrageous prices.
>>
No. 664142 ID: 74b802

As for the money, I'd say take it with you so it won't get stolen. You have a pocket knife and seem very capable and a lot better equipped to defend yourself/ the money than your bf. It might even be safer that way for him. but you know your situation better than me, so it's your call.
>>
No. 664143 ID: 88960e

>>664061
Do you have any other clothes? You might want to get dressed.
>>
No. 664147 ID: 74b802

Okay so you're meeting up with Sweat first, but I was thinking about Ne. So he won't rat out other thieves, but could you get him to steal shit with you/ for you? I know it's a long shot but maybe you can help him somehow on a heist and then get a share (have more $$) or get something useful for Reiss or yourself or the flat. Ask him how to burglar-proof it some. In any case, ask him what he'd do. You say he knows his way around, I bet he's going to be useful.

Also, how intimidating/ scary is your angel bff? Can you ask it to accompany you? doesn't matter if it's actually dangerous if you can bluff and scare people. Really depends on how common angels are around your parts, I suppose.

Be nice to your friends even if your first instinct would be otherwise. You can't afford to brush people off.
>>
No. 664151 ID: e88567

>>664147
Get dressed. Also get all the shit y have, pads and tampons too, since everything can be useful in here.
>>
No. 664157 ID: 46df9e

Any chance your boyfriend could lend you a little emotional capacity while you try to get him fixed? It could help.
>>
No. 664516 ID: 987514

So "Having" things, capital H, is essentially our inventory system, right? In that case, take anything that Riess won't need. If we don't have to worry about storage there's no reason not to.

Actually, can he come along? It might be useful for the angel buddy to be able to see him.
>>
No. 664652 ID: 633bb3

What would thieves be able to do with a head? Or do they just steal things because they can?

Definitely at least put a shirt on, and take the other one too just in case.
>>
No. 665854 ID: a6f913
File 144098529673.png - (107.07KB , 700x600 , 6.png )
665854

I decide to just Take everything that Reiss won’t need, since there’s no real reason not to. That means that besides the things I’ve already listed, I now Have:

- my cell phone
- my cell phone charger
- my hitachi magic wand
- two shirts
- a milk crate
- assorted cds (mostly alternative)
- a few extra pairs of underwear
- the electric water heater
- three cups of instant ramen
- a box of tissues

I’ve left behind the things he’ll need – the mattress, his charging cord, and the lamp – plus objectively useless stuff like empty food wrappers.

>at least put a shirt on
>Get dressed.
I don’t like wearing clothes much. Haven’t for a while. I guess I can put on a coat, though.
>>
No. 665855 ID: a6f913
File 144098532669.png - (96.27KB , 700x600 , 7.png )
665855

>Any chance your boyfriend could lend you a little emotional capacity?
>Actually, can he come along?

Not a chance in hell.
>>
No. 665856 ID: a6f913
File 144098537464.png - (247.21KB , 700x600 , 8.png )
665856

I wanna leave and I think I’ve got everything I need for now.
>>
No. 665857 ID: e114bc

Tell him STAY. You're gonna go find his brain.
>>
No. 665860 ID: 9ddf68

tell him to stay here and that you're going out to pick something up and will be back soon. That should make sure he doesn't follow you.
>>
No. 665866 ID: bb78f2

Well, now you look like a drug-addled flasher, but it's better than wearing just underwear and walking around the city.

I guess we've learned not to date compyutas anymore. Was he good in the sack at least?

Go and visit your Sweat friend.
I think after you get your shit back, you should leave this scumbag town.
>>
No. 665867 ID: 57dfcc

>cds but no cd player
Hrm.

>>665856
Look, either you're gonna have to let him come, or do a better job of talking him into being okay with staying.
>>
No. 665873 ID: d4a6ca

Yeah make sure he's not going to follow you. he might do something stupid and/or get you both in trouble. in *more* trouble, I mean
>>
No. 665876 ID: a6f913
File 144099098563.png - (119.49KB , 700x600 , 9.png )
665876

“Stay here, okay?”

“:(!”

“You have to.”

“:(!!!!”

“I’ll be back soon. I’m just running some errands.”

“:(………”

“Okay?”

“….. :’)”
>>
No. 665877 ID: a6f913
File 144099102108.png - (394.02KB , 700x600 , 10.png )
665877

And I’m out the door.

It’s not dark yet, but it’s muggy. I can hear kids playing a few streets over and the metallic buzz of cycadas that cling to the railings of awnings and fire escapes, but besides that it’s quiet. When I was a kid my brother used to catch them and dissect them, pulling out screws and little glittery microchips, and it made me cry. Now I kind of wish I could catch them myself, if only to make them shut up a little.
>>
No. 665878 ID: 6b5bc6

do some cool noir contemplation of your surroundings
>>
No. 665885 ID: 9ddf68

well daylight is burning so you should probably get to your friends place sooner then later unless you like the idea of walking back home in the dark.
>>
No. 665887 ID: bb78f2

>>665876
Awww, is he crying?
He's like dog, you can't leave him if he's anything like this normally. When you fix him he will have autonomy right, and be a person instead of... doglike?

Hey you hungry? I don't know about you, but disgusting, greasy fast food sounds great right about now and I think that place next to the bunnies would hit JUST the spot, if you have a spot to hit.
>>
No. 665933 ID: a6f913
File 144100280366.png - (246.78KB , 700x600 , 11.png )
665933

I’m hungry, and it would be cool to grab some food on the way there, but it’s getting dark pretty quickly and I want to get to Sweat’s place as soon as possible. It would be shitty and weird if I had to stay there overnight, because Sweat is weird and shitty. Better to just keep my head down and walk fast.

“Hey, Lowry.”

Fuck.
>>
No. 665934 ID: a6f913
File 144100281934.png - (152.19KB , 700x600 , 12.png )
665934

“Where you been, sister?”
>>
No. 665938 ID: 9ddf68

so who are the Grady twins there and what do they want. If they try to pull you into something tell them you have to get some errands done and would like to do so before the sun goes down.
>>
No. 665960 ID: ebc7dc

Oh God it's the weeaboo sisters. hide your tail
>>
No. 665979 ID: d7971f

"Fuck" because of being interrupted or "fuck" because these girls are bad news? Either way, be civil but try to brush them off if you can, maybe with an assurance that you'll catch up with them later.
>>
No. 665987 ID: bb78f2

>>665934
Ladies, I got to get someplace and back before nightfall. I don't have time to chat, sorry.
>>
No. 665988 ID: 330ce5

Been swimming in the pits of hell looking for a good time. So is their something you want to talk about or can we be on my way?
>>
No. 665990 ID: 2eeb65

Tear off their masks and run.
>>
No. 666070 ID: 4b209f

who are they? bad news?
give a sorta short answer if you can, tell them youre happy to see them (if appropriate) and hey, we should really catch up sometime but yeah no youre in a rush sorry.
>>
No. 666095 ID: a6f913
File 144107042630.png - (177.34KB , 700x600 , 13.png )
666095

I’m bad with names, and it takes me a second to dredge up theirs – Chidori and Nanako. They’re members of the Sukebun, a girl gang that hangs around here, and before my theft they used to kind of keep an eye out for me. I didn’t understand it then and I understand it even less now.

“Hey.” I shove my hands in my pockets and give them a quick nod. “Cool to see you guys around.”

“You too, sis. You been doin’ alright lately?”

“Yeah, I guess. Uh, listen, as cool as it would be to catch up, I actually got some stuff I gotta do, so I gotta keep moving.”

“Ooooh, Lowry’s too busy to hang now that she got tough!” Nanako snickers. “Easy come, easy go!”

“Shut the fuck up, Nana,” Chidori says casually. She tilts her head at me, eyeless sockets narrowing slightly. “Hey, I get it. We’re all busy people, yeah? I was just gonna ask you a quick favor, no rush. You still talk to Ne?”
>>
No. 666096 ID: 9ddf68

>>666095
you can ask but I'm not to sure how much I could help. So what's the favor?
>>
No. 666097 ID: 57dfcc

>before my theft they used to kind of keep an eye out for me
Does that mean they don't, now? There's no need to after what you lost was stolen?

>I was just gonna ask you a quick favor, no rush. You still talk to Ne?
Returning a favor, doing a thing and expecting another thing in return, you
still understand that, at least. Makes more sense than altruism.

Yeah, I do. Why?
>>
No. 666260 ID: 431d66

If you can do it, go for it. Never hearts to have people owing you something around here
>>
No. 666262 ID: 102f54

hi avery and alex 2.0
do this
>>666260
>>
No. 667318 ID: a6f913
File 144142416722.png - (114.97KB , 700x600 , 14.png )
667318

“Yeah, I do.” I’m wary, but open. It doesn’t hurt to do people favors. “Not sure I can promise you anything, though.”

“It’s nothing big,” Chidori says. “Just need you to pick something up for us. Next time you get a chance to talk to him, tell him you’re gonna deliver what he’s got for the Sukebun. No rush, no deadline.”

My immediate question is so obvious that I probably didn’t need to ask – if I’d paused she might have kept going. “How come you can’t get it yourself?”

“People don’t know we’ve got things going with Ne. They know we talk to you all the time, though. No big deal to see you handing something off. Big deal to see that Ne has new clients.” She brushes her hair over her shoulder. “We don’t like to make a big deal of things.”
>>
No. 667319 ID: 57dfcc

Okay. Yeah, I can do that.
>>
No. 667323 ID: e114bc

Alright, that doesn't sound like a big deal.
>>
No. 667338 ID: 9ddf68

sure could use the walk anyways.

So who is Ne and what's his story. Also how far out of the way is he? I mean if we have the whole day tomorrow to look for the thief don't see why we can't stop on by Ne's place and pick up the thing.
>>
No. 667339 ID: a6f913
File 144143565533.png - (143.53KB , 700x600 , 15.png )
667339

It’s reasonable enough, so I shrug, my body already twisting away to end the conversation. “Yeah, I can do that.”

“Cool.”

“I gotta go. I’ll see you guys around.” I don’t wave, but there’s a faint nod from Chidori, and I’m happy to turn and be on my way again.

It doesn’t take me long to get to Sweat’s place after that, and as soon as I approach the door, I’m buzzed in. It already knows I’m here. I stomp my way up the stairs and find the door unlocked.

“Ah! Lowry! You’ve come.” It’s hot in here, and the noisy fan in the corner isn’t doing much to help. Sweat peels itself away from the naked back under its chest. “Coincidentally, so have I.”

“Thanks for the update.” Used to bother me when I found it like this, but now I see that there’s no point in getting embarrassed. I don’t look away.
>>
No. 667340 ID: a6f913
File 144143566888.png - (189.12KB , 700x600 , 16.png )
667340

“Lowry, Effe – have you met? Well –“ It lifts itself from the bed, slick and shuddering. “No matter. You can stay unmet. Lowry doesn’t like the meeting.” It spreads its arms to me. “An embrace, then. Embrace me – be embraced – I would like it.”
>>
No. 667341 ID: e624ed

Um . . . maybe check for bodily fluids before accepting hug.
>>
No. 667343 ID: 9ddf68

...so how do your meetings with sweat normally go? Because right now I'm a little lost on what to do next as I kind of don't want to touch it right now.
>>
No. 667345 ID: e114bc

>>667340
Nah.
>>
No. 667350 ID: 5a3e14

of course... after you take like 5 showers in a row.
>>
No. 667358 ID: f51c0f

>>667340
fuck no. shower first.
omg i can't believe tgchan is refusing a hug. this is an ill omen
>>
No. 667359 ID: defceb

eh, fuck it, just go for the hug
>>
No. 667366 ID: 9cc27a

give it a tender embrace. its weird but friendly so whats the harm
>>
No. 667368 ID: 2eeb65

>>667358
>>667350
Hug in the shower~
>>
No. 667384 ID: afb8ff

Do not approach the creepy, sweaty angel thing.
Same goes for its... friend there.
>>
No. 667385 ID: bd0fbc

Yeah. And Lowry is clinically unable to give a shit so. >>667366
>>
No. 667445 ID: 6b5bc6

uh well a christian side hug couldnt hurt? nah fuck that fuck this guy
>>
No. 667449 ID: 53688c

Give it a hug. Might as well start off on a good note, especially since we'll be asking some favors of it as well.
>>
No. 667492 ID: 365ce0

Offer a hand and nothing else
>>
No. 667626 ID: 09bd04

We should probably try to make him happy, as long as what makes him "happy" doesn't advance beyond hugging.
>>
No. 668586 ID: a6f913
File 144178378868.png - (191.65KB , 700x600 , 17.png )
668586

“Maybe after you take a shower,” I say dryly. Sweat’s smile widens.

“Oh, Lowry – Lowry, whom I love most ardently, and most dearly – you know as well as anyone that there’s no such thing as cleanliness here.”

Ugh. Whatever. I meet it with a step forward and give it a half-hearted hug. It’s damp and hot its skin sticks to my fur like mucous. Behind us, Effe is pulling their pants onto shaking, watery legs.
>>
No. 668587 ID: a6f913
File 144178380869.png - (234.89KB , 700x600 , 18.png )
668587

“Alright, that’s enough,” I finally mutter. I push it away and it’s beaming. “Gross.”

“Lowry!” It breathes, as Effe shoulders worldlessly past us to leave. “You rip open plastic bags and the gold chains spill like fish guts over your fingers to pool on the crystal counters. All the elderly ladies, all their credit cards wrapped in tinfoil, all the pink stickers. Is it not so?”

Oh, christ. There it goes.
>>
No. 668590 ID: defceb

Just smile and nod I'm sure they'll say something sensible eventually.

Go for another hug if they insist.

Ponder how long you can stay in the shower later.
>>
No. 668599 ID: dafd35

Well sweat if you have an answer for that maybe you can answer this as well, who broke into my apartment last night?

Probably best to be direct here.
>>
No. 668602 ID: 8e60f8

uhh. well, i guess you know how to deal with it better than we do. just try to get to the point quickly, steer the conversation towards the reason of your visit. it's getting late, remember? you don't want to stay at sweat's place overnight.
>>
No. 668604 ID: 99cfa8
668604

Pretty sure it's accusing you of stealing jewellery and/or credit cards from old ladies. Not cool, man.

... Or it might just be saying you sell jewelry to old ladies. It's not entirely clear.
>>
No. 668624 ID: 05964c

Who gives a fuck? Not you!
>>
No. 668644 ID: a6f913
File 144182375835.png - (161.88KB , 700x600 , 19.png )
668644

>... Or it might just be saying you sell jewelry to old ladies.
Ah. I’m starting to get it now. “I haven’t had a real job in a long time, Sweat.”

“But still, you work! L-M-A-O.” It pronounces each letter slowly, one at a time, teeth clicking. “And for what?”

“I need your help.”

“Oh, pretty flesh.” It sprawls itself on the mattress and gestures for me to come along. I sit as close to the edge as I can. There’s a big damp spot in the middle. “You forfeit your free will so easily. It’s not dear enough to you – not hard-won, like mine – perhaps you cannot value what isn’t taken from you.”

I grit my teeth. “I don’t have time for this today, Sweat.”

“You have so little time regardless,” it muses. “Sweet organs, fragile skin, you die so easily. It makes you more precious. I value you because of how easily you can be taken from me. Is it not so?”

“Do you know,” I grind out, “Who took my boyfriend’s shit.”
>>
No. 668645 ID: a6f913
File 144182377425.png - (138.15KB , 700x600 , 20.png )
668645

Sweat’s eyes all swivel to look at me. “I hate him.” I can hear its lips parting as a smile stretches across its face, all full of too many teeth. “I want him to be taken. Stupid flesh, too hardy for anyone’s good. Shitty little man. Foul.”

“I know you don’t like him. That’s not what I’m asking.”

It flops over on its side, sullen. “I am not for asking. I am a companion.”
>>
No. 668649 ID: c3004d

tell it that you need to get your boyfriend's shit back so you can dump him. then it'll never have to see him again
>>
No. 668650 ID: bd0fbc

>>668649
>>
No. 668652 ID: 8e60f8

maybe you could offer something in exchange for the information you want? delivering stuff, other information,..? i guess you know what it could want. no weird stuff tho
>>
No. 668653 ID: 88960e

Companionship includes talking, usually. Unless the companion you're trying to be is a pet dog.
>>
No. 668655 ID: bb78f2

>>668645
I plan to leave him, but I can't leave the man to die because he's missing his shit that makes him functional. He's like a baby right now. Hell, I'm missing my shit too. If not for him, can you help me find my own parts? I imagine they're close by.
>>
No. 668808 ID: a107fd

Tap the scar on your forehead and point out that your own companionable aspect was stolen as well. The possibility of reciprocating this angel's affections simply does not exist, at present, and cannot while said items remain missing.

(imply that you'd be willing to do disgusting sex things after this is sorted out, without actually committing to anything)
>>
No. 668809 ID: 0543a8

sweat is hot if not cryptic. tell it you're gonna break up with ur bf once u get stuff sorted out, but u gotta get its help first. after u rid urself of ur bf then it can have some companionship
>>
No. 669037 ID: d2398d

I totally love Sweat

I agree with making help seem worth it to it. Tell it that you want to be rid of the boyfriend, but ya gotta find his shit first.
>>
No. 669163 ID: 7debe0

Explain you're only looking for his stuff so you can get rid of him for good.
That's something Sweat wants, right? If he helps you out with it, maybe it'd be worth his while?
>>
No. 669676 ID: a6f913
File 144228784967.png - (355.55KB , 700x600 , 21.png )
669676

“I want his stuff back so I can leave him,” I explain, impatient. “Does that help?”

“Ah,” says Sweat, “ah –“

And then it’s in front of me, distorted, with a light that hurts my eyes. “Truly? Truly? After all, after all, do you speak sweetness to me?”

“Uh. Yeah.”

“Ah,” it says again, and the air’s thick with myrrh. “The clouds talked about this, the same way swollen bellies talk about life, and death – and you are like a birth, aren’t you, or a death, all potential through pain –“
>>
No. 669677 ID: a6f913
File 144228820570.png - (176.72KB , 700x600 , 22.png )
669677

It’s touching my face. I don’t care.

“Why not just let him die,” it breathes, “why do him this kindness – or let me kill him myself, and rid yourself of a burdensome search, and let the responsibility fall to the ground, where I can devour it for you – as I would stuff myself with any number of ugly things, distend my stomach and rot my guts, if only for you.”
>>
No. 669679 ID: e114bc

>>669677
That would be wrong.
>>
No. 669686 ID: b50956

no thanks. that's just not how you want to do things.

remind sweat that right now you can't return any feelings it has for you anyway.
>>
No. 669689 ID: cdec48

Play to his favor.

You don't like him, but you don't hate him that much. You don't want him to get his stomach upset by wasting space on such garbage. He would be better off handled by other people. Working together to remove him would be a bonding opportunity. for the two of you. It would get you more intimately acquainted than just eating him. It's a melding of minds to achieve a common goal. That's what Sweat wants, yeah?

>>669679
I don't think either party is much concerned with moral pleading.
>>
No. 669697 ID: e114bc

>>669689
>I don't think either party is much concerned with moral pleading.
That's literally why she isn't abandoning him though. She said "But even with the way I am now, I know it's not right to leave him like this. I don't think he can take care of himself. I gotta find a way to fix him before I break up with him, see?"
>>
No. 669700 ID: 1cebc8

If you let him die, he'll stick in your memories until your subconscious tears itself apart trying to forget him

and that's terrible.

Also he's your only lead to finding the one who messed with your head. You intend to torture the asshole who did this to both of you.
>>
No. 669733 ID: e4e2e6

no way, we're not gonna do that. he doesn't deserve to die just because you don't want to be with him anymore
>>
No. 669741 ID: 4be41f

i'd rather not. that is really all there is to it.
>>
No. 669760 ID: 57c391

that's really creepy.... why is it so into you anyway
>>
No. 669770 ID: 7debe0

It's what you want to do, so it's what you are going to do.
Sweat may choose to help you or choose not to help you, but you're going to do it regardless.
>>
No. 669910 ID: 4b209f

Maybe something like 'I dont want him to rot your guts' can work? Whatever will convince it that your bf's not worth it and that youre leaving him as soon as this is over.
Is Sweat like this with everyone?
>>
No. 670051 ID: a6f913
File 144246052433.png - (159.88KB , 700x600 , 23.png )
670051

I laugh. Just a little. “Not worth you gettin’ a stomachache.” I push its hands away, one at a time, until all the extra limbs get absorbed back into its ribs and it’s looking more or less normal again as it calms down. “That’s not really how I wanna do this anyway.”

It settles on the floor, between my knees, and rests its head on my thigh. I honestly couldn’t tell you why it acts like this around me. I guess I can see why it liked me before all this, and it just … never stopped, even when I got chunks of my personality ripped out and taken to fuckall. I don’t think I’m the only one it’s in love with, but I’m not sure. All I know for certain is it doesn’t love everyone it fucks, because I think that would be impossible.

“Mm. My services are yours, in whatever capacity you would use them,” it murmurs.

“Any idea where we should start?”

“Spiderwebs,” it says, “insides liquefied – dewdrops like bells, tinkle, notify – send them scuttling. Only spiders can cross the lines without bringing the rest to feed – all else stick, struggle, call their doom.” It circles my wrists in its hands. “Let’s get eaten.”
>>
No. 670068 ID: 76bcb2

Sounds like... to catch the criminal, we have to seek out similar criminals.
>>
No. 670075 ID: 149da0

>All I know for certain is it doesn’t love everyone it fucks
Did you just admit to fucking it.

>“Spiderwebs,” it says, “insides liquefied – dewdrops like bells, tinkle, notify – send them scuttling. Only spiders can cross the lines without bringing the rest to feed – all else stick, struggle, call their doom.” It circles my wrists in its hands. “Let’s get eaten.”
The spiderweb has to be some kind of network, I'd think? Especially since he talks about it being used for communication.
>>
No. 670217 ID: 4b209f

when it says 'spiders', multiple, are the only ones who can cross the web without being caught, i guess it's referring to a network, or a gang? and 'let's get eaten'... it thinks you should call attention to yourself? by entering this territory. (if im interpreting this right!)
i mean, stirring up shit doesnt seem the wisest option, but who am i to argue with an omniscient prophecy.
what are gangs besides the sukebun like? does Ne have any dealings with them?
>>
No. 670270 ID: a6f913
File 144254057402.png - (131.24KB , 700x600 , 24.png )
670270

>Did you just admit to fucking it.

Hey, all I meant was it fucks a lot of people. I never said anything about being one of them.
>>
No. 670272 ID: a6f913
File 144254059647.png - (280.57KB , 700x600 , 25.png )
670272

Looks like the idea of meeting up with Ne wasn’t too far off base, at least according to Sweat. Angels don’t lie. I get up from the mattress and it follows easily, in tune with my motions without any effort or thought.

“Come on, Sweat,” I mutter. “Time to go see Ne, right?”

It hums. “Flicker, black and white, junkyard breath, chainlink voice – smell like summer, skin and exhaust?”

“I’m gonna go ahead and take that as a yes.”

It doesn’t lock the door behind it when we leave – it never does – and soon we’re out on the street again. It’s getting dark fast. The cycadas are quieter now but they still make me want to rip my ears off.
>>
No. 670278 ID: 4b209f

hmm! can we make polite conversation with sweat, or does it always talk like this?
chatting might distract you from the noise.
how far away is Ne, anyways?
>>
No. 670282 ID: 1ec2ef

So how likely is it you'll make it to Ne's place before dark?
>>
No. 670284 ID: 149da0

>Flicker, black and white, junkyard breath, chainlink voice – smell like summer, skin and exhaust?
Sounds like he's talking about a car. Black and white... a cab? A city bus?
>>
No. 670343 ID: 863006

>>670051
maybe it meant we should get ourselves robbed again to know who's robbing. set a trap.
>>
No. 670346 ID: ec5b46

Just a suggesting, when talking to sweat, do it in strange metaphors (like he does to you).
>>
No. 670375 ID: cdec48

>>670284
Comes off more as verifying Ne's physical aspects to remind itself who we're going to see since it's phrased as a question. Shifty and light on his feet, possibly with a long tail, a bad case of rotmouth, jangling cling voice, spends a lot of time outside and around vehicles. Heavy vehicle would make most exhaust and contribute to most stink, but not flickering so motorcycle would be more likely. Wifebeaters, otherwise light and tight clothes to expose more flesh. Gives a more free feeling in a world where feeling seems to be in either surplus or short supply.
>>
No. 670457 ID: a6f913
File 144263117154.png - (255.40KB , 700x600 , 26.png )
670457

> when talking to sweat, do it in strange metaphors (like he does to you).

I’m not gonna do that.

> Comes off more as verifying Ne's physical aspects to remind itself who we're going to see since it's phrased as a question.

Ne is black and white, so that could definitely be it. His place is only about a block away, so there’s no point in putting too much effort into picking Sweat apart to try to confirm, but I’ve been thinking maybe it wouldn’t be a bad idea to try to actually pay attention to what it says sometimes.

We reach Ne’s complex and I poke the intercom button for his apartment. His response is almost immediate.

“What?! What! Who is it? Whaddaya want?”

“It’s Lowry.” I decide not to mention Sweat. People don’t tend to like it very much. “Let me up, I wanna talk to you.”

“Hmmmmm……..okaaaaaay. I’ll buzz you in. Do the secret knock when you get up here and I’ll let you in.”
>>
No. 670458 ID: a6f913
File 144263118704.png - (79.18KB , 700x600 , 27.png )
670458

“What secret knock?” The line goes dead, and I jam the button a couple more times. “Ne! What knock?”

The buzzer goes off before I can smack the intercom around any more, so I give up and we head up the stairs to his flat.
>>
No. 670460 ID: 5a02f7

A shave and a haircut is always the secret knock.
>>
No. 670461 ID: cdec48

>>670458
Knock fifteen times, then bark like a dog.

How nice of him to leave a self portrait and his name on his door.
>>
No. 670465 ID: 149da0

>>670272
I feel like what Sweet said here is probably meant to be a hint as to what tune the knock is supposed to be, but I'm terrible at song names.
>>
No. 670467 ID: 330ce5

Knock twice really loud.
>>
No. 670468 ID: 2a05b1

Kick his door down.
>>
No. 670469 ID: e114bc

Just say "secret knock".
>>
No. 670471 ID: 149da0

Secret knock:

"If you don't open this door, I'm going to drag Sweat in front of it and leave him there to have loud noisy sex with anyone I can throw at him until you do."

When he doesn't believe you, shove Sweat against the door and tell him to moan.
>>
No. 670477 ID: a6f913
File 144263817243.png - (90.22KB , 700x600 , 28.png )
670477

I try shave and a haircut. Nothing. A normal loud knock doesn’t get anything, either. I’m halfway through a 15-knock attempt when there’s an explosion of laughter from the other side of the door.

“AHAHAHAHAHA! There’s no secret knock, you FUCKING idiot! Ahahahaha! Kill yourself.”

I’m starting to get reminded why I haven’t talked to Ne in a while. “Hey, if you don’t open up, I’m gonna leave Sweat here and get it to have really loud sex with whoever I can find.”

There’s another few wheezy giggles, then he speaks again. “Ah, I’m just fucking with you, Lowry. Come on in.”

I roll my eyes and reach for the door handle. It doesn’t budge. Ne explodes again, the door rattling in front of me as he pounds the other side with his fist.

“HA! AHAHAHAHAHA!! Oh my god! Ohhhhh my god! You are so fuckin’ stupid! It’s locked, jackass! Ahahahahahaha!!”
>>
No. 670480 ID: b062fb

Slap his shit as soon as he opens it.
>>
No. 670481 ID: 5a02f7

Start having loud sex with Sweat.

Find someone to have loud sex with Sweat.
>>
No. 670483 ID: e114bc

>>670477
Well unlock it, asshole.
>>
No. 670492 ID: 347d9e

can we have sweat knock it down now?
>>
No. 670495 ID: e4e2e6

knock to the rhythm of some pop song. get sweat to join you and improvise a duet. be annoying right back at him
>>
No. 670499 ID: cdec48

Option 1 [lewd/obnoxious]: Loan Sweat your Hitachi Magic Wand. It's a loud enough device for Ne to get the idea.

Option 2 [petty/passive aggressive]: Carve things in his door (w/penknife) that damage his projected image, such as flowery poetry. Don't bring his attention to this or announce you're doing it.

Option 3 [Mild guilt > incentivize]: Remark that it's lousy that you came all this way not only for a friendly checkup, but to do business with him and he can't be arsed to open his door. Make it clear that you're looking for information and you're willing to provide some currently unspecified form of reimbursement for it. Additionally, mention that you're helping facilitate a deal with some of his clients. Don't say which clients, this leaves the line of questioning open on his end so he is required to either infer that you're speaking about the Sukebun or continue talking/let you in.

Don't break in the door, it's not a good way to get yourself in his good graces and will indebt you to him for his perceived cost of the door, whether that cost is financial or (more likely) in the form of a favour.
>>
No. 670514 ID: a107fd

Problem with option 1 is the magic wand requires a wall outlet.

Shout back "Hey I think I just remembered that the secret knock is to kick your door off it's hinges." Then start kicking, hard enough to make it sound like you might seriously be trying to break in but not enough to actually do so.
>>
No. 670526 ID: 4b209f

roll your eyes and wait patiently. Ne clearly wants attention and to piss you off. just yawn and say you could wait all night, and dont respond to any more of their taunts-- im p sure theyll get bored quickly and open the door.
>>
No. 670608 ID: 1d55f0

>>670514
And then Accidentally kick ne in the face when he opens it.
>>
No. 670611 ID: 149da0

>>670477
Shove Sweat at the door and tell him to fuck the lock till it opens.
>>
No. 670711 ID: a107fd

>>670611
This is the best plan.
>>
No. 671166 ID: a6f913
File 144280443486.png - (200.12KB , 700x600 , 29.png )
671166

Okay. I’ve had about enough. “Hey Ne! I think I just remembered the secret knock!”

Sweat beams at me fondly as I start kicking furiously at the door, big heavy swings. “It’s knocking your fucking door off its hinges!”
>>
No. 671167 ID: a6f913
File 144280444813.png - (74.58KB , 700x600 , 30.png )
671167

“HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY!” I hear the chain rattling on the other side, and finally Ne unlocks it and swings the door open. “Fine, cunt.”
>>
No. 671168 ID: a6f913
File 144280445462.png - (101.82KB , 700x600 , 31.png )
671168

>>
No. 671169 ID: a6f913
File 144280446980.png - (363.33KB , 700x600 , 32.png )
671169

“Hehehehe.” Ne rubs his face ruefully, getting spit all over it. Not sure if that was on purpose or not. “Forgot how much less I like you like this.”

“I don’t care how you like me.” I push past him, and his demeanor changes as soon as he sees Sweat.

“Heyyyyy hey hey. Hey. I don’t like that thing. Lowry, come on.” Still, he lets Sweat follow me into the flat – probably just because he doesn’t have the guts to tell it that it can’t – before closing the door. “Lowwwwry. Come on. Does it have to be here?”
>>
No. 671177 ID: 4780ef

I'll take it with me as soon as we're done talking. As for what we're talking about, I want to know what you know about the jackass that broke into my apartment last night and stole some shit from me and my boyfriend.

And how the hell do you know that I changed! I just got part of me ripped out just recently and I haven't seen your face during that time.
>>
No. 671182 ID: a6f913

>>671177
sorry if i didnt make this more clear, but there have been multiple suggestions like this, but just fyi - the theft was not recent. lowry's been like this for a while, and reiss for a little longer than that. that's my bad for not providing a clear timeline.
>>
No. 671186 ID: 4780ef

>>671182
[spoiler]oops sorry, guess I should read things more carefully I'll just switch my answer to this then[spoiler]

I'll take it with me as soon as we're done talking. As for what we're talking about, I want to know what you know about the jackass that broke into my apartment and stole some shit from me and my boyfriend.
>>
No. 671196 ID: e114bc

She's not a rat, you said. Tell her you want your boyfriend's OS back. You don't need to know who the thief is, just the item.

Tell her Sweat is here for... moral support.
>>
No. 671202 ID: bb78f2

Have you found my shit yet, Ne?
If you don't like me like this, well, better find it. Boyfriend's too. Tired of taking care of him.
I need Sweat for this, mentioned spiders, gobbledy go and all that, so I need him along for this investigation.

Oh bunny girls said something about something about me delivering a package for Sukebun.
>>
No. 671208 ID: 9e5264

sweat is helping. if ne gives you a lead on who stole your boyfriend's stuff you can both be out of his hair (fur?) faster.

also see what info you can get out of him before bringing up the sukebun delivery. you're here for answers first and foremost, the package is a secondary favor.
>>
No. 671240 ID: 149da0

>Forgot how much less I like you like this.
Then you can tell me who jacked mine and Reiss' shit.

(Not that you want yours back, but if that will motivate him...)

>Lowwwwry. Come on. Does it have to be here?
Dunno. Depends on how helpful you're planning on being.

Oh, and don't forget, you agreed to do that favor for those girls here.
>>
No. 671263 ID: 1d55f0

>>671196
>>
No. 671320 ID: db012a

Sweat is a vital part of this operation and also a cutie, and furthermore it's being a lot more helpful than you are.
Help me out and answer my questions and we'll be gone as fast we got here.
>>
No. 671458 ID: a6f913
File 144288534667.png - (245.12KB , 700x600 , 33.png )
671458

“You don’t like it? Help me out, and we’ll be outta here.”

Ne plops down on his bed and glowers up at me. “Whaddaya want?”

“Remember when my boyfriend got his shit stolen a while back?”

“Hehehehe.” Ne wipes spit off his face with the back of his hand. “Hahaha. Yeah. Fucking idiots. Bet they didn’t get anything good.”

I lean back against his fridge. “Well, whatever they got, I need it back. I don’t care who it was, I just need the shit itself.”

“Ugggghhhhhh.” Ne’s voice is muffled as he drags his hands down his face. “Lowwwrrryyyyy. That would be such a pain in the ass. Like, do you even understand what a pain in the ass that would be? Stop,” he says, as I open my mouth to tell him I don’t care, “fucking stop, don’t speak to me. Okay? That was like? What, five billion years ago?”

“Seven months. Give or take.”

“That’s the same fucking thing! Okay? Tell me how I’m supposed to track down some useless shitty handful of microchips or what the fuck ever that got stolen like, a century ago.” He kicks at the rug. “You know what’s trackable? Useful, valuable, important shit. Not some rinky-dink .exe that your fuckface boyfriend needs to wipe his own ass.”

Sweat flutters lightly at my side. “Unhelpful? Unwilling?” It bends over to rest its chin on my shoulder, leering at Ne. “Obsolete?”

Ne shifts uncomfortably.
>>
No. 671461 ID: c1d31e

If we can't track down the original stuff, could we... find a replacement for it? Would that be possible?
Something to fill the same slot and make him functional again would be just as good as whatever he had originally, since you're cutting ties anyway.
>>
No. 671464 ID: 4780ef

>Unhelpful? Unwilling?” It bends over to rest its chin on my shoulder, leering at Ne. “Obsolete?”

wait, does sweat mean that obsolete as in Ne quit, or that s/he can no longer compete with todays thieves?
>>
No. 671465 ID: bb78f2

Will a replacement OS work? Similar parts?
How about for our stolen items.
Why did you wait this long, anyway?
>>
No. 671485 ID: 4b209f

oh dear, did Ne quit the thieving business?
don't bring up the sukebun yet, but don't forget to later.
ask them why they really cant help?
>>
No. 671672 ID: a6f913
File 144295380685.png - (160.12KB , 700x600 , 34.png )
671672

>her
>s/he
>them

Have I, at some point during all of this, fucking stuttered?
>>
No. 671673 ID: a6f913
File 144295381918.png - (231.69KB , 700x600 , 35.png )
671673

“Ne.” I glance back at Sweat before continuing. “Did you bail?

“No!” He raises both hands and both mouths talk in tandem, doubling his volume. “That thing doesn’t know what it’s talking about. I don’t think it ever knows what it’s talking about.”

“Unwilling,” sighs Sweat.

“I’m still just as in it as I’ve always been!” Ne protests. “I’m still a big name. I still got connections.”

Sweat leans its head against mine and frowns. “Obsolete.”

“Listen, I don’t give a shit, okay?” I push Sweat away and lean over Ne, scowling. “If you can’t find the original parts, can we find some kind of replacement? That’s what people do, right?” To make my point, I stick my finger out and poke his billiard ball eye. “Find something that works.”

He swats my hand away and I rear back when the tongue touches my wrist. “It won’t be the same,” he warns me. “And you won’t know how it’s gonna work til you get it in there. Plus you gotta find someone who can transplant, and that someone ain’t me.”
>>
No. 671678 ID: 82d576

well, this is the only option we have right now, isn't it. so we're gonna try that, unless he's got a better idea
>>
No. 671687 ID: 4b209f

sorry about my use of they!! i have been using they from the start i think since i kept getting confused and didnt wanna mess it up more, im really sorry ill remember now!!
maybe now ask Ne what in the world the sukebun want with him?
>>
No. 671694 ID: e114bc

>>671673
Won't be the same? Does that mean you won't be bringing back the same person? Kinda pointless then, isn't it? Then again, I suppose having the robot body be SOMEONE is better than noone. On the other hand, then you two would be in the same boat. You became a different person due to the brain theft, and he'll become a different person when you install a different OS.

Regardless, ask for names. If he can't help us, we need to be sent to someone who can.
>>
No. 671698 ID: bb78f2

Well your boyfriend wasn't the same person he was before he lost his original head right?
Maybe tracking the original head would be easier, since it's a real head that was unique to him? Do you know what your boyfriend's original head looked like? Maybe there's a head boutique somewhere.

Just ask Ne what CAN be done if our options or so small. We need him to be able to take care of himself, and be a person instead of some mentally retarded dog. Does Ne know at least someone that can LOOK at our boyfriend, like a black hat doctor or whatever? Can the man come up with options?
>>
No. 671706 ID: 4780ef

Oh I just remembered that we need to tell him you’re gonna deliver what he’s got for the Sukebun. I remember we told the wonder twins we'd do that for them. Maybe see if you can't get him to talk a bit more if we can do him a solid.
>>
No. 671774 ID: a6f913
File 144296810765.png - (191.45KB , 700x600 , 36.png )
671774

I curl my lip at him. “If you’re not gonna be any help, can you at least point me towards some people who could be?”

“Hehehehe.” Ne reaches up and palm-licks his billiard ball clean. “Sure, I got a lead, but you’re not gonna like it.”

“What I don’t like is you wasting my time.”

“You’re the one wasting my time,” Ne protests, but he’s cackling. “Anyway. Uh, dude who did my eye and my stomach is dead. Dude who apprenticed under hir is shitty. The other guy who did transplants and replacements in this town is, hehehe, waaaayyy too expensive for you. So, uh, really the only person left who I’d personally trust to cram some newfound garbage into Reiss’ skull without killin’ him or seriously fuckin’ him up is ppppprobably – haha, wait for it – Rabies’ new girl Jolene.”

Sweat makes a weird noise in the back of its throat, some kind of metal screechy thing. I furrow my brow at Ne. “You expect me to believe that?”

“What?”

“That the only person I can go to is fuckin’ Rabies?”

“Rabies’ girl,” Ne corrects delicately.

“Same difference, the way he is.” I scrub my hand over the back of my neck. “Oh, whatever. We’ll figure something out. Oh, and hey,” I add, “while I’m here, I’m supposed to pick up whatever you’ve got for the Sukebun.”
>>
No. 671775 ID: a6f913
File 144296812397.png - (121.13KB , 700x600 , 37.png )
671775

There’s a beat. Ne raises his eyebrows at me. “You’re the one collecting that? Well, actually, that kinda makes sense. No way they’d suspect you, and we might as well get the bitch with no emotions to do it, right? Yikes, brutal.” He gets up and starts digging around under his bed. “This was super super EXTRA hard to get, so you better not fuck it up, okay? And I want it back after you’re done.”



“What do you mean, you want it b-“

“Uh, the other thing is like … you realize you’re gonna have to get Nanako too, right? Because Chidori’s never by herself.” Ne extends the gun towards me. I stare at it. “Man, though. After all she did for you? This is cold.”
>>
No. 671778 ID: 4780ef

>>671775
... Those where the two who told me to come down here and tell you I was going to pick something up for them saying it would be easy. You sure you got your deliveries right?
>>
No. 671780 ID: 149da0

Take gun. Hold it in your hand, staring at it for a minute. Then check that it's loaded. (Ask for ammo if it's empty).

Then point it at Ne.

"I don't think you understand. Nanako and Chidori sent me."

Then you get to enjoy as Ne flips the fuck out and Sweat laughs at his predicament.
>>
No. 671781 ID: a336e2

Yikes indeed.

So it looks like the Sukebun actually sent us to check if a suspicion about a hit job was correct or something, and it looks like we got their answer. Thing is, if we report back to them, Ne is absolutely gonna end up dead, and do we really want that?

......okay maybe we do. But anyway, another thing we could do is take the gun off him and tell the bunny girls that there was no "delivery" for them at Ne's. We get a free gun, which will definitely be useful later (especially if they're as rare as Ne is acting) and nobody has to die.

One thing we should DEFINITELY not do is say anything to Ne about this not being what we expected before he gives us the gun.
>>
No. 671794 ID: 2ca47b

take the gun and leave, tell them what happened but keep the gun with you, almost definitely gonna come in handy later
>>
No. 671801 ID: 0e0303

okay wait, ask for confirmation that YOU will be the ones killing the sukebun. that'd suck if that got mixed up. how do we know he's not fucking with you anyway?
>>
No. 671803 ID: 149da0

...if we're gonna be lame and non-confrontational (and accept the hit so we get in trouble with the kind of people who arrange this kind of thing when they don't end up dead) at least casually ask who wanted them whacked anyways.
>>
No. 671805 ID: 0543a8

take the gun from him, get any ammo u need. confirm that apparently he expects u to kill them. dont do it though, sukebun are cuter than ne and ne sux
>>
No. 671814 ID: 4b209f

'Yeah, i realize' then get the gun and play it off until you can turn the gun on Ne and interrogate who ordered the hit
No need for a little fish like him to die in all this, and i dont wanna disappoint the sukebun either
>>
No. 671832 ID: cdec48

>>671775
Verify with Ne that this is a hit job ordered by the Sukebun. Once that has been done, check to see if the gun is loaded and how many bullets you now Have. Acquire bullets from Ne and load gun if it's lacking this. Ask if he has a contact other than Nanadori in the Sukebun who you can discuss the job with. If he does, contact them immediately to verify the job. If he doesn't, then we don't have much else to go on, but it's better to have the favour of the gang as a whole than two small time members, one of whom appears to be making waves. Go perform the "delivery". Sweat can do the cleanup by eating the bodies, but you may want to keep some piece of them as form of identification to verify the delivery status. It should be something easily recognizable. Tattoos are good for this and considering their design basis, they probably have at least one.

Better yet, since we're going full black market, consider having Sweat not eat them and scrap them for parts. This will make financing your surgical endeavours much simpler. Ne (as out of the game as he may be) can set up you with either flesh dealers or clients and if not that, then he should be able to point you in the direction of someone who can facilitate those activities for you. You will have to find somewhere to store them, but you should be able to make back your money and then some if you have to rent a place out. Ask him about parts trading ahead of time to make onsite disposal simpler.

Are you familiar with firearms? If so, how much? Also, you're going to want to Have something better than a pocketknife if we're going to scapping route.
>>
No. 671840 ID: 37b8ce

Hm. Maybe we should shoot Ne.
>>
No. 671853 ID: cdec48

>>671840
There's no advantage to shooting (and presumably killing) Ne. You can Take pretty much everything out of his apartment, but they won't give you much utility aside from whatever you can pawn off or whatever cash you can find.

Based on what's visible in the panels, he Has: a bed, a dakimakura, a poster, two computers (w/three screens), a fridge (contents unknown), string lights, two desks, assorted posters and papers (contents unknown), and a rug.

His life (specifically his associated networks) is more valuable than his belongings, even if you dislike him. Nanadori's lives are not more valuable than a positive relationship with the greater Sukebun, assuming that they don't intend to kill us after the hit. There will be little to no time to discuss what Chidori has on the Sukebun (if she's even willing to disclose such information, which is unlikely) when you meet back up with them because even though they said you have all the time in the world to complete the delivery, it is safe to assume that they expect you to do it quickly. It's just more polite to tell someone to take their time.

Goal: Gain information about the theft or possible solutions to SO's problems from Ne. (COMPLETE-ish)
>Spare Ne
Pro: Maintain access to social network, can get details on expensive surgeon later.
Con: May be unable/unwilling to assist you any further than he already has. May expect you to pay him for the information he has already given you.
>Kill Ne
Pro: Take all his belongings, pawn them off to gain funds. Don't have to pay him for info about the surgeons or thieves.
Con: Don't get the name of the good but expensive surgeon, lose access to social network.

Sukebun delivery. (IN-PROGRESS)
>Spare Nanadori
Pro: Maintain alliance with Nanadori, may be able to press them for other information about thefts. Chidori has dirt on Sukebun that may be advantageous to acquire for personal use or to sell to Ne.
Con: Sukebun will be unhappy with the hit remaining uncompleted, now will have to deal with a gang who has some degree of awareness of where you and SO live.
>Kill Nanadori
Pro: Scrap for parts to get money for good surgeon to do the job on SO right. Remain in good standing with Sukebun, may receive payment in form of cash/goods/favour.
Con: Sukebun may kill you anyway once you're finished. May fail hit and have Nanadori against you, who definitely know where you and SO live. Both greater Sukebun and Nanadori can be expected to retaliate with some degree of speed, so bailing will be difficult, especially with braindamaged SO in tow. Nanadori probably know you well enough to know at least a few of your other associates so you can't hide out at any of their places.
>>
No. 671859 ID: e114bc

>>671775
He's fucking with you. You're not supposed to kill them, you're supposed to give them the gun.
>>
No. 671864 ID: 149da0

>>671859
...damn it, you're probably right. Someone manipulating them into recruiting someone to whack them is way less likely than Ne being an asshole again.
>>
No. 671865 ID: 934e9a

>>671781
You raise some good points.

Take the gun, make sure it's loaded and functional, and kill Ne.
He's made it very clear he has no intention of giving you any real help and actually finds enjoyment in hindering you, whereas the Sukebun are likely to actually be helpful, if you get in their good graces. He'd be killed anyway, once you told them, so this is a good opportunity to do so.
Furthermore, Ne seems to have no loyalty to you and fewer scruples, so leaving him alive with knowledge of where you're going and what you're up to is likely to come back to bite you in the ass later.
>>
No. 671872 ID: a589ab

I'm not really sure why we're even considering killing Ne?

Use the gun to interrogate him about who called the hit, and once we know more about the situation we can decide what we want to do. But there's really no reason to just kill him out of nowhere right now.
>>
No. 671873 ID: cdec48

>>671859
This is why I stated that we need to verify the exact purpose of the delivery in >>671832 with both him and a member of the Sukebun. Everything else is in case it is indeed the function of the "delivery" to kill them. If it's a regular delivery, then deliver the gun with no problem. If it's a hit, then we're already half done with the planning part.

We know fuckall about the group outside of "these are two people that are in it" so it's hard to predict what they want as an organization. If they want guns, why would they only want a single gun rather than multiple? As a group, wouldn't they want to be uniformly outfitted? And it's not like transporting large quantities of materials is much of an issue with Have/Take, since it's functionally identical to hammerspace. We could've carried the entire contents of our apartment with us, including our mattress, a few guns are not an issue. Were they planning on gong on a mission but then they realized "Shit, we're one gun short, guess we gotta wait for one to come in from a dealer"?

Also, a plain gun delivery would be boring with no stakes except maybe getting caught by the police since it's been more or less stated that firearms are contraband. The possible outcomes for that are either jail or execution, depending on how the police function in this world.

>>671864
Treat unknown groups or persons like the Soviets allegedly treated America: "One of the serious problems in planning against American doctrine is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine." Hope that everyone is making sensible decisions, but don't expect it.

>>671865
That wasn't my intended argument, but I can see where you're coming from. That said, he has answered our questions even if he was stubborn about doing so. If the group does decide to kill Ne, at least make an attempt to get the other surgeon's name beforehand on the off chance that we are able to acquire the funds to afford him. Both Lowry and Sweat seem to not want to be involved with Rabies or any of his associates so we're already putting Jolene as a last resort. At the bare minimum, we can get an estimate from the expensive guy. If it's too expensive, then it's too expensive and we'll most likely have to see Jolene and that will be that.
>>
No. 671877 ID: cdec48

>>671872
It was:
>maybe we should shoot Ne
>pros/cons of shooting Ne
>we should kill Ne

People are presumably frustrated at dealing with him and a couple inner murderhobos are coming out now that Lowry has a means to express player frustration.

I'm still opposed to killing Ne because I don't consider it to be as useful as leaving him alive, but as long as something interesting happens I'm not too concerned either way.
>>
No. 671880 ID: 751ec5

how about we dont....... kill anyone.......
>>
No. 671890 ID: b062fb

Maybe let's try to cross murder off our list until it's kinda necessary?
>>
No. 671939 ID: 3b4b6d

>>671880
Take gun, and THEN ask questions. Dont shoot Ne he's ur contact.
>>
No. 672019 ID: a6f913
File 144304962066.png - (134.98KB , 700x600 , 38.png )
672019

I accept the gun and check that it’s loaded. When I click the safety off, Ne starts to laugh again.

“Hey, don’t be an idiot, L-“

I pull the hammer back and his giggle dies in his throat. I point it at his gut instead of his head, loose and casual. “You fucked up, Ne. Chidori and Nanako are the ones who sent me.”

“Hey. Lowry. Come on.” He stumbles back against his mattress, one hand up. “Come on. Let’s not, uh, let’s not do anything stupid, right?”

“Tell me who set this up, Ne.”

“Man, I don’t know! It was all via email! You think I actually like, meet people in a coffeeshop somewhere?” He holds up both hands, making his mouths talk to each other. “OH YEAH I’D LIKE SOME CONTRABAND PLEASE sure thing, buddy, lemme just write that down on a napkin GEE THANKS NE YOU’RE A REAL WINNER thanks thanks I sure do try –“

“I’m gonna wanna Take the emails to show them.”

“Lowry, you can’t, okay? If they find out I helped whoever it was out with this, they’re gonna kill me,” Ne whines. “We’ve been friends for a long time, yeah? We been buddies?”

“Not so much.”

“Hey. Hey, listen. I, uh – I got something you’re gonna be real interested in,” he stammers out. “You, uh, you know memories are a real big market, right? You do it right, the person doesn’t even know it’s gone, and there’s a lotta, uh, a lotta weirdos who collect stuff like that, so they’re easy to sell … I was buying bulk from a guy and uh, I was lookin’ through ‘em, and I found something you probably are gonna want.”

I nod for him to continue. He starts to giggle again, thin and high-pitched. “Four memories, yeah? Four that belong to you. You tell the Sukebun I didn’t plan any of this, that I wasn’t really involved all that much – you get ‘em to leave me alone – and I’ll give ‘em all back.”
>>
No. 672020 ID: a589ab

Time to test Sweat's omniscience. Can it check whether or not he's telling the truth?

If he is, turn it around on him. We'll convince the Sukebun to leave him out of it IF he gives us the memories first.
>>
No. 672025 ID: 3b4b6d

And when did he plan to tell you all this?
>>
No. 672038 ID: 149da0

I guess we could turn it around, so you're picking up a tip from him for them. Instead of the jerk passing on the gun you're the hero sounding the alarm!

But in exchange for our saving his ass, he gives us back something that's ours? Doesn't seem like a very good deal. You'll take the memories, but you're keeping the gun, too.

Anything of Reiss' in that bulk pile? That's what we were originally looking for.
>>
No. 672041 ID: bb78f2

>>672019
I'm okay with that plan.
Ne, when I pointed this gun at you, I meant it in a proffesional manner. We're all friends, and I don't like killing people. Do NOT betray me over this either, Ne. I like keeping all my friends, because I AM NOT emotionless. Can you respect that? I expect our friendly relationship to continue after this, because I'm mostly going to forget this conversation, mostly. Not completely. And I'll be keeping it IN my head, this time.

You DO realize for this story to stick, you ARE going to have to look injured though, right? And if you're mad at Chidori and Nanako for this, don't worry, I am too, and I will also kick their ass. Not kill them.

All so that we can all continue to live and get along.
You like that Ne?
I like that.
>>
No. 672042 ID: cdec48

>>672019
Memories could be useful, especially if they were memories of the theft and we might be able to get an ID or new info out of it. However, there's no guaranteeing that they are. For all we know, they could be memories of Lowry faffing about town or what we had for lunch that one time, so now that we have this information, we have to verify two things:
1) The memories are ours.
2) The memories are useful.

The difficult thing about this is whether or not simply Having the memories is enough to access them or whether they have to be restored the same way they were removed [surgically]. If it's the former, then this makes things easier. If it's the latter, then Ne could be fleecing us and we won't know until we've found someone who can implant the memories. Getting those two questions answered should be our priority.

>>672025
Consider this a business transaction. He is paying us information for the service of not shooting him. He's an information broker. For the sake of his business, it's to his advantage to not divulge answers about anything not explicitly asked for. We asked "have you found anything out about who stole our shit?" and "what are our options for fixing the shit?" and he answered both of those. ["No" and "Surgery" respectively.] He had no reason to tell us about a technically unrelated matter even if he's our associate.
>>
No. 672047 ID: 37b8ce

Deal. Payment up front, all four of them. Put the safety back on the gun, but keep it so you have it to show the Sukebuns, or just as general self defense.
>>
No. 672076 ID: 4b209f

Take the emails,memories and gun. In exchange, you vouch for Ne so the Sukebun dont kill him. Check with Sweat tho, it seems to be pretty good with telling us what to do.
>>
No. 672088 ID: b062fb

Chidori and Nanako already knew something was up, or they wouldn't have sent you. If you try to lie to them they might figure it out.

Ne's going to have to make an offer a bit more substantial than something that should already belong to you. We're risking our relationship with the Sukebun.
>>
No. 672116 ID: 0543a8

he didnt think to tell you about that before?? wtf ne. see if you can get anything else out of him, he might be hiding more. check in to see what sweat thinks about it, too.
>>
No. 672148 ID: cdec48

>>672047
That's a terrible deal to make. We don't know what the memories actually are or what we have to do to access them. We shouldn't blindly make a deal like that.

>>672116
See previous comment about information brokering. TL;DR It wasn't advantageous to tell you then, it is now.

To add on to the others: Checking with Sweat and/or pressing for more information are reasonable options. Accepting the deal as it stands is not.
>>
No. 672158 ID: a6f913
File 144306738372.png - (347.67KB , 700x600 , 39.png )
672158

I narrow my eyes at Ne. He’s shaking. “Sweat, he telling the truth?”

Sweat slides forward, pushing itself way into Ne’s face. It flexes its wings slowly. “This one, with his tender liver – he Has things he shouldn’t Have. Precious things. Many, many, Having and Having out into endlessness.” I can hear it licking its teeth. Ne whimpers. “He Has some precious things of yours, pretty flesh. Four, like he says. Things he shouldn’t Have.” It looks back at me, eyes wide and glowing. “Precious to me, too. I don’t like him Having it.”

I cock my head slightly, and Sweat relaxes, but only a little. “When were you gonna tell me about these, Ne?”

“Uh, to be honest, I was gonna sell them back to you at absolutely exorbitant prices. Hehehe.” He’s licking his palms as if they were lips, the way he always does when he’s stressed out. “But, uh, see? Now you can have ‘em pretty much for free. Good deal, huh?”

“How do I know they’re even useful? I’m guessing you looked at them. What are they?”

“If I just TELL you what’s in them, you might decide you don’t even need to see them yourself,” he protests. “I’ll tell you this: one’s about Sweat. One’s about Reiss. One’s about Rabies. And one is about Chidori.”
>>
No. 672161 ID: 171662

possibly take him up on his offer (even if you don't care about having this stuff back, i doubt you want this guy having it), but definitely make it clear that this does Not make you even. he owes you
>>
No. 672166 ID: 149da0

>Now you can have ‘em pretty much for free. Good deal, huh?
Yeah. Sweet. All I have to do is hold a supposed friend at gunpoint and piss off mystery hitman hiring email people, and I get back something that was mine to begin with. Great deal.

...take the deal anyways. Keep the gun.
>>
No. 672187 ID: cdec48

Based on Sweat phrasing it as Ne "Having" the memories, then it seems sufficiently implied that Having the memories will be enough to access them so I think we're okay to move ahead on the deal. The Chidori and Reiss memories seem like they may be the most important as far as our ongoing goals. We already have a vague idea that Rabies is not a Good Guy and that Sweat is an ally, but more specifics aren't unwanted.

Gun, emails, memories, and we should be good to either go back to Nanadori and notify them of the bounty on their heads or try to get in contact with Jolene to get a price estimate for work. Obviously one is more time sensitive than the other. Depending on how good Reiss is with computers when he's not borked, we may be able backtrack the emails to get information about the hit job once he's fixed.
>>
No. 672224 ID: 4b209f

i stand by my original deal. take gun, emails and memories. look at the memory of chidori before we report back to the sukebun and see if we can vouch for Ne in return.
>>
No. 672255 ID: 275c2c

>>672224
>>
No. 672284 ID: a107fd

Ask for the one about Chidori as an advance, on account of it might have tactical relevance, and also as his way of saying 'thanks for not shooting me in the gut just then.'
>>
No. 672290 ID: 0f17a3

No no no we're not asking for just the chidori one or doing any kind of half now/half later thing. We're taking ALL of the memories right now because this was a shit deal to begin with and he STILL owes us.
>>
No. 672291 ID: d6540a

That's a good deal and I like it.
>>
No. 672341 ID: a6f913
File 144313771608.png - (114.53KB , 700x600 , 40.png )
672341

“Okay. Give them to me.”

Next thing I know, there’s four little memories in my hands. After Sweat looks them over and nods to confirm they’re the ones we’ve been promised, I Take them. I’ll look at them later.

“And the emails.”

Ne pulls them up on the computer, and I Take them too. I keep the gun out for now.

“Pleasure doing business with you, Ne.” I grin a little, and he gives two weak, unconvincing smiles back.

“Lowry.” Sweat touches my shoulder. There are no windows in Ne’s flat, but it’s staring up at the ceiling. “The sun’s set.”
>>
No. 672344 ID: 4b209f

nice deal.
what happens when the sun sets? do you have to stay inside?
>>
No. 672361 ID: 0f17a3

Well, we're definitely not staying the night at Ne's. Are you sure we wouldn't be fine going home as long as we're with Sweat?

If there's a motel that's closer than home we could stay there. Either way we should look at those emails and all four memories when we get a chance.
>>
No. 672362 ID: 149da0

>>672341
Huh, marbles. So do we need to do something special to put the memories back? Are they pills? Suppositories?

>The sun’s set
Is that significant?
>>
No. 672368 ID: 8e1ff4

>>672362
All we have to do is Have them.

Before we do that, though. We should take shelter somewhere more secure and private than Ne's place. It'd be bad to remember something intense or compromising while in bad company.
>>
No. 672388 ID: a6f913
File 144314736017.png - (190.23KB , 700x600 , 41.png )
672388

It’s not good to be outside after dark around here. Sweat’s good protection, but I don’t like risking more than I have to.

I’m definitely not staying at Ne’s – I wouldn’t even if I hadn’t just held him at gunpoint. And I did. So it’s time for other plans.

There’s a motel right across the way from Ne’s complex. It’s around $50 a night. I don’t have the cash, but maybe I could haggle. Sweat’s place is only about a block away, and we could probably make the walk without running into any trouble, but there’s no guarantees. My place is several blocks away – a good 15 minute walk – and I don’t like the odds of getting home with no problems.

“Uh,” Ne says. “I’d like you guys to fuck off. Like, now?”
>>
No. 672389 ID: defceb

Go back to Sweat's place.
>>
No. 672390 ID: cdec48

>>672388
Sweat's place will be fine for the night. No cost except keeping him company.
>>
No. 672391 ID: 37b8ce

Sweat's place but you're not sleeping on that bed
>>
No. 672392 ID: 56eb74

sweat's place is fine. it probably won't do anything weird. i mean, weirder than usual. and the sooner we can crack into the stuff ne gave us, the better.

so, out of ne's apartment, back to sweat's place. i'd say ask but i feel like it would be fine with that.
>>
No. 672395 ID: e114bc

>>672388
Book it to Sweat's locale. You have a gun.
>>
No. 672397 ID: 0ee153

Is it just me, or is the memory of Sweat probably also the memory of why it loves you? You apparently can't remember why, and Sweat said that the memory was also precious to it.
>>
No. 672399 ID: cdec48

Also, contact Reiss if possible to let him know you won't be able to make it back tonight. Even if he can't respond he'll at least be aware of what you're up to. You have your phone and there's no house phone but we don't know if he can receive instant messages/emails through his head or something along those lines.
>>
No. 672401 ID: 149da0

>>672388
>fuck off now
Careful with your words, Ne. Sweat might take em literally.

>where go
Head to Sweat's place.
>>
No. 672404 ID: 0543a8

you have a gun and a creepy angel. u should be good to head to sweat's place, however weird it might be to stay the night. sweat would enjoy it, too. then u can check on these memories
>>
No. 672406 ID: bb78f2

>>672388
Ne, don't press your luck right now, you don't have the right to tell me to fuck off.

Sweat it out.
>>
No. 672407 ID: a6f913
File 144315113495.png - (120.62KB , 700x600 , 42.png )
672407

“Shut the fuck up, Ne.”

Looks like Sweat’s place it is. I shoot a text off to Reiss, knowing he’ll be able to read it on his head, just to let him know the plan. Ne is glaring daggers at me when we leave. He’s not gonna forget this anytime soon.

It’s pitch dark, and with the sun down it’s surprisingly chilly. I’ll take it over the sticky heat. I’m jumpy, flinching at every noise and every sign of movement, but we make it down the block without any problem, and we’re soon upstairs.

I sit down on the floor by Sweat’s mattress. It makes a wall hook to hang my coat on. There’s no computer here for me to read the emails on, so that’ll have to wait til I can get home tomorrow and use Reiss’ head. For now I’ve got the four memories. I lay them out on the floor in front of me.

One about Reiss, one about Sweat, one about Rabies, one about Chidori. I’m not sure which one to look at first.
>>
No. 672408 ID: 56eb74

i'd say don't choose the one about sweat because it might make things awkward, but you had your ability to give a shit surgically remove. let's start with sweat.
>>
No. 672409 ID: 149da0

>He’s not gonna forget this anytime soon.
Dang, should have taken that memory too!

>One about Reiss, one about Sweat, one about Rabies, one about Chidori. I’m not sure which one to look at first.
Chidori. Might as well, with all this hitman business about her and Sukebun.
>>
No. 672412 ID: 0ee153

Unless there's some limit on how many per day you can look at, Sweat. It's closest at hand, and if the memory turns out to be important, should probably look at that.
>>
No. 672418 ID: a307f1

seems like the chidori one might be most important, but..... The Sweat One....

try the sweat one first and then the chidori one. If the chidori one is more important it might be better to see it after whatever the sweat one is so we can stay in Serious Mode.
>>
No. 672419 ID: ea99ae

SWEAT SWEAT SWEAT
>>
No. 672429 ID: 0543a8

check dat sweat memory ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
>>
No. 672433 ID: a6f913
File 144315460246.png - (167.96KB , 700x600 , s1.png )
672433

INT. SWEAT’S APARTMENT – NIGHT

[SWEAT props itself up to look at LOWRY.]

SWEAT: Little throat …

LOWRY (GIGGLING): Why do you call me stuff like that? It’s weird.

[SWEAT reaches up to brush LOWRY’s ear.]

SWEAT: That’s what you are to me. A collection of parts, each perfect, and consummate in their perfection in you. A little throat, and sweet bones, and pretty flesh.

LOWRY: Mm. It’s still weird.
>>
No. 672435 ID: a6f913
File 144315461906.png - (99.12KB , 700x600 , s2.png )
672435

SWEAT: Tell me, little throat, what you fear.

[LOWRY thinks.]

LOWRY: Getting old.

LOWRY: [Indistinguishable]

SWEAT: Mm?

LOWRY (QUIETLY): Killing myself before I get a chance to get old.

[SWEAT is silent.]
>>
No. 672436 ID: a6f913
File 144315464391.png - (186.04KB , 700x600 , s3.png )
672436

[LOWRY rolls over onto her back, stretching.]

LOWRY (SUDDENLY BRIGHT): Make me immortal! You can do that, right?

SWEAT: No longer. I gave such power up, as I gave up many things, for my flesh.

LOWRY: You say that a lot. Are you really that much weaker than you used to be?

SWEAT: Immensely. This form – precious as it is – is soaked in the blood and the celestial offal of my brethren, and racked with feebleness. I have fallen far, little throat.

LOWRY: Why?

SWEAT: Mm. For many things.
>>
No. 672437 ID: a6f913
File 144315467325.png - (183.64KB , 700x600 , s4.png )
672437

SWEAT: For this.

LOWRY: For me?

SWEAT: Yes.

LOWRY: But you’ve been like this for … centuries and centuries.

SWEAT: I knew you would be born. I wanted to be ready.

[LOWRY kisses SWEAT.]

END SCENE
>>
No. 672438 ID: a6f913
File 144315468861.png - (120.51KB , 700x600 , 43.png )
672438

..................
>>
No. 672440 ID: cdec48

absolutelydisgusting.jpg
Check Chidori next.
>>
No. 672443 ID: 56eb74

that was weird, unexpected, and a little gross. well maybe a little expected. anyway, that was weird.

chidori. ne said we had a history, let's see what it is.
>>
No. 672444 ID: bb78f2

>>672438
Sweat... are these tainted memories?
They're like, RIGHT out of children's anime. Can people do that in your world, sweeten memories to saccrine detail once they're out of the body? Apply other flavors?
We'll be able to confirm once we get to the others.
>>
No. 672448 ID: df0baf

>>672444
A good point. Could Ne have twisted these to fuck with you? He seems like the type...

We don't know enough about you to assume this wouldn't be accurate, I suppose. People can change rapidly, and cats are especially fickle, aren't they? Mmm.

I think we're all curious about what comes after, but since Sweat IS right there, maybe it's a good opportunity to.. discuss. Things. Considering?
>>
No. 672449 ID: 2ccbb3

Looks like the puzzle piece doesn't fit the rest of the painting when at least one of the two is soggy or torn. Looks like you'll have to beat some sense into both memory and Sweat

But you may want to keep a copy because this is @#$%ing hilarious.
>>
No. 672454 ID: 0543a8

so u got it on with sweat. nice. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

chidori next.
>>
No. 672456 ID: 2ca47b

ask sweat about the memory, if it's real, and if thats how it remembers it. then the chidori memory
>>
No. 672457 ID: a6f913
File 144315703831.png - (205.73KB , 700x600 , 44.png )
672457

“Sweat.”

“Lowry?”

I toss the memory to it. “Look at that.”

“I know it already.” His tone is dreamy. “I already saw it, where Ne Had it.” It rolls the memory over in its talons. “Precious … infinitely precious. Something I am glad you have back.”

“Ne didn’t fuck with it? That’s exactly how it happened?”

“It matches my memory, yes.” It trails off, then crosses the room to drop the memory back into my hands. “I’ve told you before that things are precious because they can be taken from me.”
>>
No. 672459 ID: a307f1

lowry, what are you thinking about this?
>>
No. 672461 ID: e114bc

How did you end up with the robot, then?

...what was the robot even like before? I think you should check out the memory associated with him, next.
>>
No. 672467 ID: bb78f2

That has me wearing clothes that aren't a flasher coat and black undies
that has me being NOT me
Just how did I become this from THAT?

Who would PAY for that Sweat? It's soft core romance crap too! If it was sex, okay, like some neckbeard likes cute innocent kitty waifu porn and wants the memories of that. That right there is not marketable to anyone but the christian soccer moms.

Where in this city where would a blackmarket memory thug find a Christian Soccer Mom?
>>
No. 672472 ID: a6f913
File 144315813399.png - (105.72KB , 700x600 , 45.png )
672472

I don’t know what I think. It’s weird. I don’t remember anything about being with Sweat romantically, which means I’ve got a lot more memories than this one missing, and that unnerves me more than the idea that I’ve fucked it or something.

Or that I was in love with it. Okay. That one’s a little unnerving.

I was with Rabies, then I was single for a while, then I met Reiss. I’ve known Sweat throughout all of that. I guess I could have been with it for a while in the middle, or maybe before Rabies. What I don’t know is why someone would selectively suck out all my knowledge of that happening.

“When was this, Sweat?”

“Mm. A million hundred thousand lives ago,” it murmurs.

“I’m being serious.”

“Far,” it sighs. “Far. Out of reach.” It flops onto the mattress, mumbling to itself. I don’t think I’m gonna get anything else out of it. I set the memory down and reach for the one about Chidori next.
>>
No. 672473 ID: a6f913
File 144315815099.png - (121.22KB , 700x600 , c1.png )
672473

INT. CHIDORI AND NANAKO’S APARTMENT – DAY

[CHIDORI is letting LOWRY in through the front door. LOWRY is weeping.]

CHIDORI: Whoa there, sister. What’s going on? What’s got you wound up?

LOWRY: [Indistinguishable]

CHIDORI: Shhhh. Shhhh. Come on. Come sit on the couch. Nanako, move your ass.
>>
No. 672474 ID: a6f913
File 144315817255.png - (118.16KB , 700x600 , c2.png )
672474

[NANAKO moves, albeit reluctantly. CHIDORI and LOWRY sit. LOWRY continues to weep.]

CHIDORI: Come on there, little sis. Buck up.

LOWRY: I need to – I can’t – I can’t do it anymore –

CHIDORI: This about Rabies?

LOWRY: I can’t do it anymore – I can’t take it – I don’t know what to do. Oh, god.

CHIDORI: You know I always told you that if you need somewhere –

LOWRY: I can’t! Oh, god. He’ll find me.

[LOWRY’s weeping intensifies.]

CHIDORI: Nana, get some tissues.

NANAKO: I don’t wanna.

CHIDORI: Then fuck off.

[NANAKO leaves the room. CHIDORI rubs LOWRY’s back.]
>>
No. 672475 ID: a6f913
File 144315819649.png - (63.59KB , 700x600 , c3.png )
672475

CHIDORI: If he finds you, he’ll find me, too. And that ain’t gonna be good for him.

LOWRY: No, no, you’ll die, he’ll kill you –

CHIDORI: I’m not afraid of him.

LOWRY: I am!

CHIDORI (PATIENTLY): And I’m not. Yeah? So hey. Stay here tonight.

LOWRY: I can’t, I can’t – I have a curfew –

CHIDORI: Fuck him and fuck your curfew. Stay here tonight.

CHIDORI: If he shows up I’m gonna rip his tongue out and use it to wash my bike.
>>
No. 672477 ID: a6f913
File 144315821775.png - (64.79KB , 700x600 , c4.png )
672477

[LOWRY giggles. CHIDORI gives her a one-armed hug.]

CHIDORI: I got extra blankets somewhere. If you wanna sleep on the couch, I’ll take the floor.

CHIDORI: You like movies?

LOWRY: Um. Yeah.

CHIDORI: You ever seen Kill Bill?

LOWRY: No …

CHIDORI: Oh man. We’re gonna have a night.

END SCENE
>>
No. 672478 ID: a6f913
File 144315833493.png - (104.55KB , 700x600 , 46.png )
672478

I was .... fucking annoying.
>>
No. 672480 ID: 149da0

>>672438
See, this is why you don't watch memories of a person when you're in the same room as them. Awk~ward.

>I’ve told you before that things are precious because they can be taken from me.
Being precious sucks then.

>>672478
Not to her, apparently.
>>
No. 672481 ID: cdec48

Fortunately you're not obligated to get those feelings back if you don't want them. You can focus 100% on fixing Reiss.
>>
No. 672482 ID: 2ccbb3

Well, that's just one more thing to worry about. So are these memories single-unit or are there multiple clips inside each container?
>>
No. 672483 ID: e114bc

>>672478
But people liked you anyway.

Do Reiss next.
>>
No. 672484 ID: 0543a8

you were so emotive then!!! check rabies next, we wanna know wtf is up with that asshole
>>
No. 672485 ID: cdec48

>>672484
Abusive ex, standard FRACTAL operating procedure.
>>
No. 672488 ID: 0da20e

>>672485

??? wtf
>>
No. 672490 ID: bb78f2

My honest bet is that Rabies did this to you.
Rabies next.
>>
No. 672491 ID: 149da0

>>672490
Nah, you did this to you. It's gonna be self inflicted.

Lowry just doesn't remember she did it, for obvious reasons.
>>
No. 672492 ID: 9e5264

>>672485
pipe down

i vote rabies next
>>
No. 672493 ID: df0baf

>>672485
[[ever thought that maybe there's a reason for that such as. that's reality. jussayin]]

I think Rabies' memory is in order next.. we're starting to get pieces of your life and getting an idea of what you were like. That might help figure out who took something from Riess and why, if they're connected to who took these from you.

I wouldn't focus too much on how you were, though. While it's helpful in the search in its own way, it's nothing you need to worry about. You are who and what you are now, and what that is, is tough as nails and 100% badass.
>>
No. 672495 ID: a307f1

fuck rabies. watch his memory next to get it over with
>>
No. 672498 ID: a6f913
File 144316074471.png - (89.21KB , 700x600 , r1.png )
672498

EXT. AN ALLEY – NIGHT

[LOWRY weeps.]

LOWRY: Oh god. Oh god. Why did you do that?

LOWRY: What are we going to do?
>>
No. 672499 ID: a6f913
File 144316076412.png - (100.11KB , 700x600 , r2.png )
672499

[THE VICTIM twitches. RABIES places his foot on THE VICTIM and pushes. Something gives. LOWRY vomits.]

LOWRY: Oh god. Oh god.

[LOWRY coughs. HER weeping intensifies.]

LOWRY: I didn’t want this. Rabies, I didn’t want this.
>>
No. 672500 ID: a6f913
File 144316077839.png - (80.70KB , 700x600 , r3.png )
672500

[RABIES exhales and wipes his mouth.]

RABIES: Got ‘em.

[LOWRY wails.]

END SCENE
>>
No. 672501 ID: a6f913
File 144316079011.png - (71.35KB , 700x600 , 47.png )
672501

>>
No. 672502 ID: e114bc

>>672501
Well okay who did he kill though?
>>
No. 672503 ID: 149da0

So Rabies is an ass. Nothing you didn't already know there.
>>
No. 672508 ID: ea99ae

Any idea who THE VICTIM was? Looks like Reiss is last and then we can finally sit back and digest all this.
>>
No. 672513 ID: a6f913
File 144316231822.png - (84.58KB , 700x600 , 48.png )
672513

I don’t remember who that was. I remember him being like that, though. I’ve got a lot of memories still intact that feel like that one. And, apparently, a lot of memories that aren’t intact.

I guess there’s just Reiss left.
>>
No. 672515 ID: df0baf

And this is who we're supposed to deal with to get Reiss back in order? I have a nasty feeling about that...

Speaking of him, guess there's nothing left now except to look at the last memory. Then you can spend some time digesting the information and figuring out what it means that these four specific ones got into Ne's nasty little hands.
>>
No. 672522 ID: a6f913
File 144316297549.png - (87.48KB , 700x600 , re1.png )
672522

INT. REISS’ CAR – NIGHT – TRAVELING

[REISS is silent.]

LOWRY: Thanks for driving me home, by the way.

[REISS is silent.]
>>
No. 672523 ID: a6f913
File 144316319060.png - (62.85KB , 700x600 , re2.png )
672523

LOWRY: It’s going to be a right turn up here, at the light.

[REISS is silent.]
>>
No. 672524 ID: a6f913
File 144316321072.png - (54.76KB , 700x600 , re3.png )
672524

LOWRY: Oh –
LOWRY: That was the turn, back there …

[REISS is silent.]
>>
No. 672525 ID: a6f913
File 144316323403.png - (65.51KB , 700x600 , re4.png )
672525

LOWRY (RATTLED): You missed my house.

[REISS is silent.]

END SCENE
>>
No. 672526 ID: a6f913
File 144316333669.png - (84.46KB , 700x600 , 49.png )
672526

I guess that's all of them.
>>
No. 672532 ID: defceb

I've got a bad feeling about that.

For now though, let's crash for the night. Does Sweat have any blankets or anything?
>>
No. 672533 ID: e114bc

>>672526
...I wonder if Sweat knows what happened that night between you and Reiss.

I'm also starting to wonder if you hired someone to remove your memories. To make you into who you are now.
>>
No. 672537 ID: ec5b46

Has Reiss ever been able to talk to you? Was he an asshole in the past?

Also, it seems to me here someone was selective in what they took from you. It's love, friendship, and fear that they took from you. Almost like someone wanted you to be cold and hard. Maybe the someone who had Ne hand you a gun and tell you to kill your friends, who yes, are really your friends.
>>
No. 672538 ID: ec5b46

Has Reiss ever been able to talk to you? Was he an asshole in the past?

Also, it seems to me here someone was selective in what they took from you. It's love, friendship, and fear that they took from you. Almost like someone wanted you to be cold and hard. Maybe the someone who had Ne hand you a gun and tell you to kill your friends, who yes, are really your friends.
>>
No. 672542 ID: df0baf

>>672537
This. It's what's worrying me - it certainly sounds like whoever stole these was trying to shape you in a very specific manner. I'd keep that very much in mind during all this.
>>
No. 672546 ID: bb78f2

I guess if Reiss intimidated you into your relationship, you can leave him to die. Can't even really say if he's your boyfriend ever, really.

You know WHY you think he's your boyfriend, right? Have you boned or kissed him? I guess you just licked him all over the monitor. I don't know, Reiss is weird.
>>
No. 672553 ID: a307f1

I dont mean to cause any paranoia, but most of these memories seem like they have to do with some kind of trauma, except the sweat one. Are you sure theres no..... sweat-related trauma that could have happened? Maybe you should try to track down more memories asap...
>>
No. 672556 ID: 1a22f8

>>672546
It seems someone took all your sweat-romance related memories. Now, the only reason I can think of that someone would do that is because they wanted you. So it wwas either Reiss or Rabies - did Reiss dabble in memorysnatching? He replaced his head after all. And Rabies said "got it", did he bite away the victims memories?
It seems more like Reiss to me, because these memories were probably taken in bulk (why they're together) and he took away your romance and your support system (sukubun) and a memory of him being shitty and creepy.
>>
No. 672581 ID: cdec48

Now would be a good time to sleep. Deliberate about feelings in the morning.

Also, Reiss having an unpleasant personality isn't much in the way of new info. It's just that we didn't realize/know to pay attention to that because he spent his intro flashing emoticons at us and when someone asked if he was abusive, Lowry/Fractal dodged the question. It's been over a month since those posts, so people probably forgot while we were dealing with the other NPCs. It would also explain why Sweat's first response to 'I'm dealing with Reiss' was wanting to eat him.
>He acts different, too, like his personality is all messed up - but I gotta say I like that part better than how he was before.

>>672488
[[Being surprised at predatory relationships in her non-joke quests is like being surprised at the colour of the sky.]]
>>672493
[[It's not a matter of real/unreal, it's just a QM habit of retreading the same concepts or themes over and over.]]
>>
No. 672589 ID: 0b3d18

hey lowry, how are you?
a lot of folks here are speculating on what happened to your memories and talking about getting them back somehow - is that something you want to do?
>>
No. 672600 ID: 0da20e

maybe we can rethink getting reiss' stuff back. he doesn't seem like he would deserve it. maybe sweat could kill him instead.

>>672581
i'm not surprised at that, i'm surprised at you being a douchebag (also not she/her pronouns)

don't comment on someone using themes of trauma and abuse often because that's something some people use to cope.
>>
No. 672610 ID: 57c391

this whole thing is really unsettling.
is there any chance that you, for whatever reason, might have chosen to get those memories removed? if not all of them, at least the ones about rabies and reiss
>>
No. 672626 ID: 4b209f

wow.
i dont think you were annoying, lowry. i think you were scared. i was scared from watching those.
i dont think going to rabies for help is a good ideA, unless you know for 100% certain Sweat is stronger.
actually, are you re-considering letting sweat eat reiss? im 1000000% for that plan.
i think, when morning comes, you should go to the sukebun first. im afraid whoever's out for them will try to finish the job before we can warn them, and chidori seems Good.
lowry, are you okay?
>>
No. 672629 ID: 6e8e45

goddddddd will there ever b a fractal thread w/out pointless arguements like these
one can only dream
anyway, i commented before with reiss taking memories tinfoil hat theory but i'd also like to second >>672626
>>
No. 672630 ID: 8e1ff4

The greatest benefit from these memories is confirming that, at the very least, both Sweat and the Sukebun genuinely care about you. Whether or not you decide to go back to the way you were, you're at least safe with them. (You may consider treating Sweat with a little more affection in light of this, or at least slightly less coldness?)

Also, how much are we deciding we need to remember about Reiss before we can abandon him without a guilty conscience? I actually get worse vibes from him than from Rabies, because Rabies isn't trying to hide his awfulness, while we apparently trusted Reiss up to the point of that memory.
>>
No. 672677 ID: cdec48

Go the fuck to sleep, you can deal with it when you have a clear head in the morning.
>>
No. 672684 ID: 0b3d18

i... don't think reiss deserves your time
>>
No. 672697 ID: a6f913
File 144322498653.png - (146.77KB , 700x600 , 50.png )
672697

My thoughts are going a million miles an hour. Maybe Reiss did it. Maybe Rabies did it. Maybe whoever wants Chidori dead did it, and that’s a wide category. Fuck, maybe I did it. I don’t know. I’m exhausted. I don’t want to think about it right now.

“Sweat, I’m gonna go to bed,” I mutter. By the time I’ve gotten up and turned around it’s spread my trenchcoat over the mattress. Some stilted attempt to make me comfortable, I guess.

“It’s fine. I can take the floor,” I say. It pokes at the mattress with its talons, unspeakingly, before retreating to the corner. After a beat of hesitation I sigh and sit down on the mattress, smoothing out my coat before laying down all the way. “I mean, if you’re sure … thanks.”

The light in the room – ambient, probably some kind of weird interdimensional angel thing – dims. Sweat pushes itself into the corner and folds its wings around itself. I don’t think it’s ever been this quiet for this long around me.
>>
No. 672698 ID: defceb

Invite it over to cuddle. At least they weren't an ass in that memory.
>>
No. 672699 ID: 56eb74

sweat more like sweet.

rest well lowry!
>>
No. 672700 ID: 6e8e45

ask it to join you. hug the sweat.
>>
No. 672701 ID: 2ccbb3

Make yourself unpalatable. Also, sleep on the ceiling, cover yourself in detergent, anything to get Sweat from @#$%ing you in your sleep.
>>
No. 672703 ID: 81df8a

have a dreamless sleep, that allows you to wake up feeling at least slightly in control.

then go find chidori and see if she knows anything
>>
No. 672704 ID: 149da0

>I don’t think it’s ever been this quiet for this long around me.
Not that you remember, you mean.

>>672697
Do... you miss me? Or the other me? However the fuck this works.
>>
No. 672706 ID: 0b3d18

good night, lowry. i hope you're able to get some sleep
>>
No. 672708 ID: 925364

oh sweat honey...lowry, i know this has been a rough day for you, but it might be good to see how it's feeling? it might be waiting on you to ask. (if you're up to it, maybe offer to share the bed so neither of you have to be alone. the closeness might help both of you feel a little better.)
>>
No. 672709 ID: 8e1ff4

Despite its unusual quirks, Sweat's been nothing but helpful and considerate and its doing its best not to make you uncomfortable. It even noticed that you avoided the mattress earlier, and covered it for you.
You can at least let it keep you company tonight.

>>672701
Extremely rude. Sweat at least deserves some measure of trust.
>>
No. 672710 ID: ec5b46

Oh c'mon, you don't have to fuck it, just tell it to sleep on the matress with you. You are sleeping on it's bed ffs, and it's been pretty good to you.
>>
No. 672711 ID: 0854d4

You're dealing with a lot right now. Don't be worried about holding your personal bubble up right now if that's what you need. Think things over, and most importantly, rest. It looks like tomorrow will be an interesting day.
>>
No. 672727 ID: 401f23

It seems like Sweat is feeling all the emotions you aren't. It's being so sweet. You needing your space is understandable though, especially after today, just try to get some sleep Lowry
>>
No. 672776 ID: a6f913
File 144324381749.png - (80.27KB , 700x600 , 51.png )
672776

I sigh and roll over to face it. “Sweat? You okay?”

It takes it a minute to answer. “Anxiety. Pooling cold in all my cavities like hand sanitizer. Don’t feel clean – feel scoured, scalded.”

I don’t think I remember Sweat ever telling me that it feels … bad. But again. There’s clearly a lot of things I don’t remember. I close my eyes and speak again. “Do you miss me? Or – no, I guess it would be … the other me. Or whatever.”

“I cannot miss what still exists,” it replies softly.

“I mean – that Lowry doesn’t exist, though. The Lowry I saw – the one who was with you – that was a completely different person.”

Sweat shuffles and parts its wings a little, setting its chin on its knees. “A house ransacked is still one’s home.”

That feels like getting punched in the throat and I don’t really know why. “Is that how you see me? ‘Ransacked?’”
>>
No. 672777 ID: a6f913
File 144324383711.png - (103.02KB , 700x600 , 52.png )
672777

It makes a distressed noise, like paper tearing. “Apologies – apologies, apologies, many and fervent – my words are half-dead in my mouth and fail before they reach you. A reaching hand, repeated over and over, looping glitch – no contact. Forgive me.”

I don’t say anything. We fall into silence again. I can hear it breathing. After a stretch I scoot over on the mattress. “You wanna come over here?”

Its eyes flash up at me, blindingly reflective in the low light. “Cycada legs – twisted mouth – churning stomach. Spring-loaded wings and leaking coolant. It made you cry.”

I roll back over and stare up at the ceiling. “I can think of about a million things that I think are grosser than you, Sweat.”

It gets up and teeters over on spindle legs to sit on the side of the mattress.

“Sweat?”

“Yours, little throat.”

“You still wanna kill Reiss?”

“Very much.”

“Mm.” I push my face into the crook of my elbow and curl up. “I haven’t decided yet. But I might let you.” It exhales. I wait. When it doesn’t say anything, I hazard a question. “Does that make me bad?”

Sweat turns its head slightly. I can hear its hair slide over its shoulder, a soft zzzzzip like silky fabric. “I don’t understand.”

“Wanting to hurt him. Not caring if he gets hurt. Does that make me a bad person?”

It closes its eyes and sinks back, letting its arms bear its weight, and I hear its vertebrae crack one by one in orderly little pops. “I am the wrong one to ask, my heart.”
>>
No. 672782 ID: defceb

Can they explain why they want to kill Reiss?

Also go for the cuddle.
>>
No. 672786 ID: 0b3d18

it doesn't
>>
No. 672787 ID: 9e5264

he hurt you first.
>>
No. 672788 ID: 925364

it doesn't make you bad at all. trust me. you were not treated the way you should have been. even just one memory alone is enough to tell us that.

but it's good to see you opening up a little. you're in good company with someone who won't judge you for anything you feel or think. i think that sort of support is exactly what you need right now. (also, i hear angels furrow their wings around things they want to protect. sounds better than blankets if you ask me...)

do you remember how sweat reacted when it first met reiss? was its disdain for him an immediate thing or did it take a while to fully manifest to the hate it is now?
>>
No. 672789 ID: e114bc

>>672777
I thought an Angel would know about morality? I mean, what is heaven if not a place where the good people go?

Or is an Angel like him just a servant, not a being that requires knowledge of morality and justice?
>>
No. 672795 ID: 0ee153

>>672789
That's debatable. In one school of thought, angels don't actually have free will and presumably know nothing of making choices. I believe that's what Jews believe in, as well as Gehinnom instead of Hell or Lucifer.

Another says that angels just carry out God's will, so what God says is good is, and what God says is evil is. Doesn't lead to much philosophizing on the nature of good and evil.
>>
No. 672799 ID: ea99ae

>>672795
>You forfeit your free will so easily. It’s not dear enough to you – not hard-won, like mine

Sweat has implied before that he didn't have free will before, and had to earn it - presumably at the same time as he earned his current physical form. He's mentioned a costly transformation several times.

But I think by that comment he might just be referencing the fact that he's in love with Lowry and therefore biased.
>>
No. 672812 ID: 2ca47b

lmao does FRACTAL have 2 point out everyones correct pronouns b4 ppl get it right -_- sweat uses it/its pronouns -_-

anyway tho, ask sweat how it knows reiss, if its just thru u or what, and why it hates reiss so much.
>>
No. 672820 ID: e114bc

>>672799
>in love with Lowry and therefore biased.
Good point.
>>
No. 672822 ID: cc08c7

>>672820

Proceed with caution when dealing with the clearly unstable angel. It looks like blindly trusting people has lead to problems in the past and someone this unstable could easily turn if we piss it off somehow.
>>
No. 672825 ID: 6e8e45

he hurt you first.
also, HUG. HUG THE SWEAT. DOOO ITTT.
>>
No. 672842 ID: 4b209f

it doesnt make you bad, and it was never your fault. you deserved-- and still deserve-- to be treated better. being angry and hurt and wanting to hurt and whatever you feel is valid.
maybe, after we warn chidori, we can concentrate on getting back your memories, if you want. you might feel better making your decision knowing more, and it seems like we've missed a lot.
>>
No. 672849 ID: f56ff3

Give it a hug and thank it for all its help and its patience with your changed self.
>>
No. 672851 ID: 8e1ff4

Embrace Sweat. The theft of your stuff has been just as hard on it, who is clearly deeply attached to you.

Also inquire further on what Reiss did to be hated so much, assuming it wasn't just "be your boyfriend".
>>
No. 672858 ID: aeeec2

Woah woah woah. We're still friends but no need to go so mushy. Memory says we were sweet with Sweat once, but we still don't know the circumstances surrounding that whole romance.
>>
No. 672859 ID: 0dc9cf

As much as I love finding out new information, I kinda feel like we should stop interrogating it now. It's likely to give in to us but we are probably hurting it right now by continuing to pry.

I know tgchan in general is bad at letting things go until people have spilled all the beans, but if we still want to attempt to be comforting, question time should be saved for, idk the trip to Rabies' house tomorrow
>>
No. 673248 ID: a6f913
File 144340397701.png - (116.08KB , 700x600 , 53.png )
673248

“Why do you hate Reiss so much? Is it just because he was my boyfriend?” I pause. “Is. Is my boyfriend.”

It sighs and straightens up again. “Why do uncles of princes always turn to fratricide? One part carnal jealousy, one part innate thirst for blood, and the parts self-loathing – infinite. Add revenge and find me Shakespearean.” It leans forward a bit, resting its forehead on its hand. “Add atonement and find me penitent.”

I want to ask more. A lot more. But this is the most upset I’ve ever seen it, and part of me wonders if it’s only showing me this much now because now I at least have a little of the context to understand. Maybe it feels like this all the time. Maybe it would be better to leave it for now.

“Hey. Come here.”

It does – slowly, and with a touch of reluctance that I can’t place – and I hug it. Briefly, but as warmly as I can manage. I can feel it exhale a little against my shoulder, and the ways its bones move under its skin when it shifts to return the gesture.
>>
No. 673249 ID: a6f913
File 144340399588.png - (95.60KB , 700x600 , 54.png )
673249

“Let’s just go to sleep, okay?” I say as I pull away. “We can figure more of this out in the morning.”

It nods and curls up beside me. When its wing moves to cover me, I let it. I think we’re both tired enough to make it okay.
>>
No. 673250 ID: a6f913
File 144340400222.png - (1.29KB , 700x600 , 55.png )
673250

>>
No. 673252 ID: a6f913
File 144340401908.png - (240.05KB , 700x600 , 56.png )
673252

“How many suffocated babies,” Sweat asks, “to a single ‘ce sac n’est pas un jouet?’”
>>
No. 673253 ID: a6f913
File 144340404051.png - (305.91KB , 700x600 , 57.png )
673253

I check my phone. It’s 6:30 am. “Sweat, shut the fuck up.”

I try to roll over but it catches my shoulder. “Is it not so? Pour éviter le danger de suffocation, conserver ce sac en plastique loin des bébés et-“

“Oh my god.” I aim a few kicks at it as I pull the edge of my trenchcoat over my head, but it dodges them all easily. “Shut up. Shut up.
>>
No. 673254 ID: 5a02f7

You aren't going to be able to go back to sleep. Call it a lost cause and get ready to hit the streets.
>>
No. 673255 ID: 7cb2ad

Waking up bright and early to talk about packaging warnings. Lovely!

Okay, we can either go to Chidori's or Rabies' first. I vote Chidori. Ah, we can also go home to read those emails before we go see Chidori/rabies just so we have all the facts on hand.
>>
No. 673256 ID: 0e19d3

mornin', gorgeous. how are you feeling?

i think before we get down to business you need to get some food in your stomach. something more substantial than granola, too! long day ahead of us.
>>
No. 673257 ID: 5caf09

>>673256
oh shit yeah we should prob eat something. does Sweat even need to eat?
>>
No. 673260 ID: 2f61ee

Can you pull the emails up on your phone instead? That would be easier than going all the way home. Plus, you probably don't want to see Reiss right now.

Either way, we should look at the emails one way or another before we talk to Chidori. We should also start thinking about how we're going to convince her not to rip Ne to shreds.
>>
No. 673271 ID: 4b209f

>>673260
this, we should absolutely go to chidori ASAP, i dont really care as much about the emails-- we could always look at them together with chidori.
>>
No. 673276 ID: 8e1ff4

We should probably avoid Reiss (and thus home) until we understand more about the situation. If Chidori has a computer, you can check the emails there and kill two birds with one stone.
>>
No. 673290 ID: 149da0

>“How many suffocated babies,” Sweat asks, “to a single ‘ce sac n’est pas un jouet?’”
A bunch. They don't pass laws or make up rules and regulations unless there's a pattern.
>>
No. 673301 ID: cdec48

>>673260
>There’s no computer here for me to read the emails on, so that’ll have to wait til I can get home tomorrow and use Reiss’ head.

Eat cup noodles and go to see Chidori.
>>
No. 673305 ID: ec5b46

Do you think maybe sweat is trying to warn you of something?
>>
No. 673341 ID: a6f913
File 144342164446.png - (163.57KB , 700x600 , 58.png )
673341

>Do you think maybe sweat is trying to warn you of something?
I think it’s just being weird. It says weird shit like this pretty often, and it only sometimes has some kind of big deeper meaning. The rest of the time it’s honestly just … saying stuff.

>Can you pull the emails up on your phone instead?
Nah, this one is just a little junker. I can’t pull up anything like email or the internet on it. It’ll have to wait.

I don’t want to go home, so I guess we’re just going to hope Chidori has a computer we can use.

I pull out a cup of ramen and my electric water heater and fix myself some food before we head out. Sweat watches curiously. I know that it does have to eat, but it’s something weird like it only has to do it every fifty years or something. Just to see what’ll happen, I make a cup for it too. It dumps it on the floor.
>>
No. 673342 ID: a6f913
File 144342165422.png - (312.13KB , 700x600 , 59.png )
673342

I guess the good thing about being up this early is it hasn’t gotten much of a chance to get hot yet. It’s quiet and the streets are pretty empty.
>>
No. 673343 ID: a6f913
File 144342167887.png - (95.99KB , 700x600 , 60.png )
673343

“Lo,” murmurs Sweat. It points a single talon across the street. I look up to follow its finger and see Tunamouth, an old coworker of mine. We used to work at the same store, maybe half a year ago.
>>
No. 673345 ID: e114bc

>>673343
So what? Ignore.
>>
No. 673346 ID: bb78f2

>>673343
Tunamouth, Yo.
Okay, straight up, Tunamouth, I've lost memories and chances are some involve you.
Are you an old ex of mine, by chance too? Or did we use to be really close then we got really distant?
Need to know.

Also, please don't be a hitman in disguise.
>>
No. 673347 ID: a19cd5

>Are you an old ex of mine

B^I

Wave hello if he sees you, otherwise just let him head on by.
>>
No. 673348 ID: 2f61ee

Did Sweat point him out because he's important somehow? Or is this just more of Sweat being weird?

Say hi.
>>
No. 673368 ID: 0543a8

say hello 2 ur fellow cat buddy!! :3c
>>
No. 673375 ID: cdec48

>>673343
That's a face that's seen some shit. Wouldn't hurt to wave or something to disrupt him from his Nam flashback.
>>
No. 673376 ID: 2ccbb3

Sweat, please Kick Lo In The Face.

lol pun
>>
No. 673394 ID: 4b209f

maybe give a little wave, but otherwise move along, we can catch up later
>>
No. 673414 ID: 8e1ff4

Ignore him. Don't get sidetracked and delayed.
>>
No. 673472 ID: a107fd

Hey, Tunamouth! Long time no see. This is going to sound really weird, but did somebody hire you to murder me? Or maybe Chidori? No offense intended, just I've got a lot of memories missing so I figured I should ask. Better safe than sorry.
>>
No. 673507 ID: 3009b4

Looks terrified to see you. Investigate why.
>>
No. 673525 ID: bf4a8a

>>673343
Just do some normal chit-chat ("how have you been doing?" and stuff like that) if you really need to.

Well, you CAN try and drop a few hints on what you are trying to recover, or just downright ask him about it. I doubt that he will be useful, and honestly i think that getting him involved into this whole mess might not be a good thing both for you and him.

I know tunamouth will end up getting involved into this one way or another, so whatever your decision is, take care.
>>
No. 673566 ID: a6f913
File 144350015719.png - (111.14KB , 700x600 , 61.png )
673566

It can’t hurt, so I give him a halfhearted little wave. “Hey, Tunamouth,” I call. “Long time no see.”
>>
No. 673567 ID: a6f913
File 144350016797.png - (107.51KB , 700x600 , 62.png )
673567

“BLLLAGRGGHHUGHGAUGRHRGHBBBBLLLLBLBLBLBLBUUGH” says Tunamouth.
>>
No. 673568 ID: a6f913
File 144350018393.png - (104.62KB , 700x600 , 63.png )
673568

Hm. He wasn’t like that last time I saw him. “Uh…. okay. Good talk.”

I was hoping I’d be able to at least prod him really quickly for some info – maybe he’d be able to fill in some gaps – but it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to get anything useful out of him. We move on.
>>
No. 673569 ID: a6f913
File 144350020044.png - (74.41KB , 700x600 , 64.png )
673569

We get back to my street at around 7 am. If it wasn’t asscrack in the morning, I would just look for Chidori around the neighborhood, but with it being this early, I decide to go straight to their apartment. When I knock, I have to wait several minutes for a response, and it’s Nanako who answers, cracking the door without unlatching the chain. “Do you know what fucking time it is?”
>>
No. 673571 ID: cdec48

>>673569
Time for you to be thanking me for saving your ass.
>>
No. 673572 ID: e114bc

>>673569
"Around 7 am. We need to talk, it's about the delivery. Turns out it's a big deal."
>>
No. 673599 ID: 0543a8

we need to talk about your delivery. now.

(also tunamouth is my fav)
>>
No. 673635 ID: cc08c7

>>673567

I'll be taking this fantastic advise to heart for the rest of my life.

Tell her it's time to open the door because shit's going down.
>>
No. 673646 ID: 99cfa8

>>673567
Guess his name became a bit more literal.

yes i know tuna aren't that small i just don't care
>>
No. 673649 ID: ec5b46

You know, weird shit abounds, but doesn't a guy becoming a literal tunamouth give you pause for a bit? I mean, where did that water even come from?
>>
No. 673673 ID: 4b209f

tunamouth is a little frightening ngl i love it
tell nanako you need to talk asap about what you picked up from Ne
>>
No. 673760 ID: a6f913
File 144356285952.png - (270.53KB , 700x600 , 65.png )
673760

“It’s time for you to thank me for saving your ass,” I reply. Nanako slams the door in my face.

I sigh and bang on the door again. “It’s about the delivery, Nana. I gotta talk to Chidori.”

A beat, and then I hear the chain sliding back. This time Chidori opens the door, and she stands back silently to let me in.
>>
No. 673761 ID: a6f913
File 144356287061.png - (261.79KB , 700x600 , 66.png )
673761

“Thanks.” I shove my hands in my pockets and make my way into the living room, Sweat close behind.

“So.” Chidori crosses the room; Nanako flops down on the couch. “Our buddy Ne have anything to give me?”
>>
No. 673772 ID: ad936f

A bullet in the face.
>>
No. 673773 ID: 401f23

Tell her the truth
>>
No. 673785 ID: e114bc

>>673761
Tell them Ne's version of the story. You made a deal, stick to it.
>>
No. 673787 ID: 2ee598

"Ne didn't, but one of his clients did." Still telling the truth, but downplaying Ne's involvement.
>>
No. 673789 ID: 149da0

>>673761
Is that a painting of Ophelia drowning?

>>673761
Yes, although I doubt he's gonna be feeling very buddy buddy towards either of us for a while.

You got something you can read these on? *Offer the emails*
>>
No. 673793 ID: 2ee598

>>673789
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02999/ophelia_2999502e.jpg

Looks like it. Also, if we're intending to keep our word and convince the Sukebun that Ne wasn't heavily involved in the hit job, it might not be a good idea to pull up the emails when we don't know what's on them yet. They could be damning.
>>
No. 673798 ID: 0543a8

tell her the truth, fuck ne honestly lmao
>>
No. 673799 ID: bb78f2

>>673761
Technically, Sukebun asked Ne to supply a hitman with a gun so they could kill you. Nothing really for you.
>>
No. 673801 ID: e59994

tell them the story and mention the memories!!!
>>
No. 673812 ID: 825954

"Yeah, a bullet and a shallow grave."

Tell her the truth about what happened with Ne, but omit the details of the deal you made.

>>673801
Let's not volunteer unnecessary information. Don't mention the memories.
>>
No. 673831 ID: 66b371

Fuck the deal. The way chidori asked you about it makes it kinda sound like she might already know, anyways. And if youre gonna side with somebody I'd much rather side with the friend who has a history of looking out for you/taking care of you, not the guy who was gonna let you kill your friends and then rip you off by selling you back your stolen memories

Tell the truth
>>
No. 673845 ID: a6f913
File 144358339334.png - (105.53KB , 700x600 , 67.png )
673845

For a minute I think about downplaying it all. Maybe even acting like Ne didn’t even get the gun. But when it comes down to it, Chidori’s had my back, and Ne definitely hasn’t.

Fuck the deal.

“Yeah, you could say he did,” I say. “Along the lines of a bullet to the face.”

Chidori laughs, short and hard. “Thought so.”

Nanako twists around on the couch to face her. “What do you wanna do?”

Chidori’s rubbing her arms really hard. “The fuck do you think? I want you to go bash his fucking head in.”

“That I can do.” Nana hops off the couch and disappears down a hallway, and I can hear her off in another room, digging through drawers and closets. After a moment she yells from down the hall. “You want him dead or just roughed up, baby?”

“Dead,” says Chidori. “You think I’m an idiot?” She pauses and looks over her shoulder at me. “I’ve learned my damn lesson about people who wanna put me in the ground. And anyone around them who’s okay with that.”
>>
No. 673847 ID: 3434f5

maybe we don't need to kill him. is there a way we could just rough him up and bring him back here so he's confined to one place and can't cause any trouble? shitty as he is you have to admit he's a resource and you need all the contacts you can get right now.
>>
No. 673848 ID: 401f23

Worth giving them the emails before Nanako does anything drastic; he might be worth more to them alive.
Unrelated, are they art thieves? Is that the original Millais Ophelia, or do they just have good taste in replicas?
>>
No. 673850 ID: 3b8786

Don't get in their way, if they want him dead let them. We should try to find out who came up with the murder and who stole our memories, but he's already did his part.
>>
No. 673851 ID: 3b8786

Don't get in their way, if they want him dead let them. We should try to find out who came up with the murder and who stole our memories, but he's already did his part.
>>
No. 673852 ID: 149da0

>they're gonna kill Ne
I half hope he had the sense to run. He has to know there's a chance we wouldn't honor the deal, or we'd let something slip.

>I’ve learned my damn lesson about people who wanna put me in the ground. And anyone around them who’s okay with that.
If I was okay with it, you think I'd be here chatting about it? Hell of a position to put me in, Chi.
>>
No. 673862 ID: 66b371

Tell her about the emails before they take off. Might have some things they need to ask Ne about when they get there
>>
No. 673863 ID: bb78f2

>>673845
If they kill him, Sukebun's just going to get another middle man to get a hitman to kill you guys, if not cut right to the chase themself.

You NEED to cut the head off the snake, Chidori, you have to kill Sukebun first. Kill Ne later, I don't care about what you do about him, but you need to know that Sukebun's the main threat here. You kill Ne first, Sukebun's going to know what's up, and then off you guys when your guard is down. They'll find some weakness I'm sure, right now, you have the advantage, and it's a very small window that you're probably not going to be able to take advantage of anyway, but still it's WAY easier to kill Sukebun first rather than kill him later.

Now, I'd like to just say I killed Ne already so you'd cut to the chase, but as much as you've done for me Chidori, I'm not your weapon, I'm just your friend that wanted to save your life. Also, Ne gave me memories that were stolen from me which paid for his life, so I actually would have just killed him otherwise. Just felt the whole lot should be laid out.

Still, Sukebun, get them first girls.
>>
No. 673864 ID: ec5b46

Ask her to elaborate on that lesson.

Also maybe thank her for being a friend.
>>
No. 673865 ID: 0ee153

>>673863
They ARE the Sukebun. Specifically members of the gang.
>>
No. 673869 ID: a107fd

Offer the gun Ne gave you. It'd be poetic.
>>
No. 673884 ID: bb78f2

>>673865
Hmm, it's just that the key words are so confusing. "Deliver what you got for the Sukebun", if Sukebun is the gang they're in, I thought it was someone inside Sukebun wanted some of their own team members dead. That their hits were for a person or a group for Sukebun.

Point is still the fact that he's the middleman. Killing him isn't going to do anything productive. We have the emails right here, lets go over them with Chidori while she's here and in gear.
>>
No. 673887 ID: 37b8ce

We got the emails. No clue if they'd turn up anything on who hired him or not, but there you go.
>>
No. 673888 ID: a6f913
File 144359229134.png - (176.47KB , 700x600 , 68.png )
673888

> Is that the original Millais Ophelia

Yeah. She’s always had it, and I don’t know how she got it. I remember I used to hate it before, when I hung out here all the time – I thought it was too sad. I kept asking her to replace it with something different. Now I don’t feel anything when I look at it.

One time before my theft Chidori took me downtown to see Hamlet. They were doing this “free Shakespeare” thing at the community theatre and it really sucked. All the actors were so bad - except the girl who played Ophelia. She was some kind of prodigy. She was so good. I cried so hard that everyone sitting by us got mad and we got kicked out of the theatre.

Chidori and I don’t hang out like that anymore.
>>
No. 673889 ID: a6f913
File 144359234330.png - (127.62KB , 700x600 , 69.png )
673889

“Hey, Chidori, before Nana goes – I’ve got some emails that I got from Ne. Between him and whoever set all this up.” I Take them out and Give them to her – she’s got a laptop on a table nearby and she brings it over so she can pull them up. “I don’t know. I guess maybe they might have something important on them.”

I stand behind her to read over her shoulder as she loads the emails onto the screen.
>>
No. 673890 ID: a6f913

TO: bigfuckingpenis@nxe
FROM: 432gh90i@nxe
SUBJECT: job :o
hey i need chidori of the sukebun DEAD DEAD DEAD!!! ✨ ✨ ✨ you provide the method and i’ll provide delivery! ? get back to me really soon okay!! xoxoxoxoxo!!!!!!!

---

TO: 432gh90i@nxe
FROM: bigfuckingpenis@nxe
SUBJECT: RE: job :o

LOL OK BUT ITS GONNA BE MAD EXPENSIVE LMAO HAHAHA
ALSO THAT’S KIND OF SHITTY OF YOU CHIDORI’S COOL
CAN YOU DO LIKE 3400 PLUS RISK FEE

---

TO: bigfuckingpenis@nxe
FROM: 432gh90i@nxe
SUBJECT: RE: RE: job :o

2900 and no risk fee!!!!!! ? If you had a problem with taking risks you’d have a real job!!!! ?

---

TO: 432gh90i@nxe
FROM: bigfuckingpenis@nxe
SUBJECT: RE: RE: RE: job :o

3200 NO RISK FEE FINAL OFFER OR FIND SOMEONE ELSE HAHAHAHA LOL….

---

TO: bigfuckingpenis@nxe
FROM: 432gh90i@nxe
SUBJECT: RE: RE: RE: RE: job :o

3200 no risk fee done!!! ? i’ll send someone to pick it up and deliver it!!! they’ll tell you they’re picking up for the sukebun!!! xoxoxoxo thank you SO much sweetie pie!!!

---

TO: 432gh90i@nxe
FROM: bigfuckingpenis@nxe
SUBJECT: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: job :o

WIRE MONEY FIRST. WILL TAKE MAYBE 2-3 WEEKS TO GET STUFF SO WAIT TIL I EMAIL YOU CONFIRMATION

---

TO: bigfuckingpenis@nxe
FROM: 432gh90i@nxe
SUBJECT: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: job :0

money should have gone through!!!!! ??? tell me if you got it!!! ?

---

TO: 432gh90i@nxe
FROM: bigfuckingpenis@nxe
SUBJECT: PICKUP

YOUR ORDER IS READY FOR DELIVERY (? | ❽)
THAT’S SUPPOSED TO BE ME
I TRIED TO DO AN EMOJI LIKE YOU DO YOU LIKE IT HAHA

---

TO: bigfuckingpenis@nxe
FROM: 432gh90i@nxe
SUBJECT: RE: PICKUP

ok!!! i will send someone to come get it! ? also, that emoji fucking sucks! it doesn’t look like you!!! it doesn’t have any ears!!! Xoxoxo
>>
No. 673891 ID: a6f913
File 144359242138.png - (292.65KB , 700x600 , 70.png )
673891

“Hm. Nothing really useful in there,” she says, once we’ve scrolled all the way to the bottom. Nanako comes out into the living room again, dressed and dragging along a nasty looking bat, and Chidori lets her scan the emails. “But you might as well keep ‘em in mind for your visit, huh?”

I think about bringing up the possibility of leaving Ne alive – he’s useful, at least – but I don’t think I wanna argue in favor of the broker in a hit deal on Chidori while her girlfriend is standing two feet away from me with a baseball bat. I let it go. Nana leaves. Part of me hopes that Ne is out of town by now.
>>
No. 673892 ID: a6f913
File 144359244057.png - (102.63KB , 700x600 , 71.png )
673892

There’s a long stretch of silence when the door closes after Nanako. I want to leave but there’s too much to talk about. I want to ask to sit down but I don’t feel like I can. “You know, I wasn’t okay with it, Chidori. That’s why I’m here,” I finally mutter. “And that was kind of a shitty situation to put me in, you know – throwing me in there without me knowing what was going on.”

Chidori raises her eyebrows at me and lets out another one of those hard little laughs. “You are not gonna talk to me about putting people in shitty situations.”

“If this is about the Rabies thing –“

“Of course it’s about the fucking Rabies thing.” Chidori’s voice is quiet. “I don’t regret helping you, Lowry. I don’t want you to ever think I regret any of it. But it sure would have been cool if you’d, I dunno, fucking texted me or something after your boyfriend dug my eyeballs out of my head with his fingers.”
>>
No. 673893 ID: 66b371

Well goddamn Lowry, what the fuck happened there? or is that memory missing too?
>>
No. 673895 ID: bb78f2

>>673892
Rabies probably robbed me of my memories of you, or did something else at the time.

My memories were extracted from me, Chidori. That's not me whining forgiveness, because it could have been just me being a chicken shit. I'm not that person anymore, I don't feel much guilt for anything I my past self did, all I feel is that I want to kick her ass for losing herself. She's like a goddamn alien to me, Chidori.

This self appreciates everything you did, Chidori. This self just needed to remember what you did. The coward in the past was either in a corner or was getting mindfucked into forgetfulness. She's a different person, a victim. This self would send you a text. Would you like me to send you a text now? It's a bit late, but I'd love to do something.
>>
No. 673898 ID: 2ee598

Not sure what exactly happened between you two (and it would be nice to be filled in) but it sounds like at the least you owe Chidori an apology.

Thank her for everything she's done, too. You probably haven't been doing that much lately.
>>
No. 673899 ID: bb78f2

By the way, you wouldn't happen to know WHY my old self left Sweat? Did they come before or after Rabies? If Sweat's just like the rest of my exes, I need to know. They're helping me right now and I need to know if I can trust it.

Is Rabies still alive, or did the Sukebun eventually kill him for what he did to you? I might need to carve out his eyeballs to get my memories back. Since SOMEONE'S out to get you, if you want to ride on my drive down memory lane, you're free to hop on at any time and change some destinations here and there. I'm not that meek little girl anymore, and I still have Ne's gun. He'll be full of lead before he gets anywhere close to blinding range.
>>
No. 673902 ID: 2ccbb3

... Wait, that sequence of words doesn't make sense.

But in all seriousness, you ARE sorry. But what was that weak, naïve you supposed to do after watching your boyfriend butcher someone? Basically your brain turned itself off from the psychological strain. Won't happen while your empathy is still lobotomized.

Tell Chidori that you intend to get her some kind of replacement, even if things will never be the same again. You don't intend to return to the "prize girlfriend" you had the misfortune of being, but it would be nice to get the "prize" back for happiness purposes.

One more voice in your head, telling you what the old you would have done, how happy she is that you're living for her; your own. You intend to help Chidori retrieve something similar.
>>
No. 673908 ID: 0543a8

do you have any memories of that happening? if not, ask chidori about what happened, if rabies is still alive, etc.. also fucking apologize lol.
>>
No. 673913 ID: e59994

>>673908
>>
No. 673917 ID: e59994

>>673899
Sweat is IN THE ROOM, don't. Sorry for double post but I'm on mobile.
>>
No. 673918 ID: bb78f2

>>673917
They ARE? Fuck. I thought they stood outside for some reason because Sweat would have been a stranger to Shidori or Nanako.

I actually mistook them for a coat rack my first readthrough.

Well, save that question for another time then.
>>
No. 673924 ID: ec5b46

Explaining that you don't know what she's talking about and a lot was taken from you might help, or maybe it'll just make things worse. If you aren't even the person she helped then she might not be happy at the sacrifice she made.

I think you should tell her there's a lot you don't remember, because it was taken from you. If nothing else maybe she can remind of you a few things.
>>
No. 673929 ID: 4b209f

If you remember, dont say that you dont. Apologize, say you're sorry, you didn't know what to do, you were scared. You called yourself a coward before. Say a lot of your memories got wiped, try to clarify what you remember.
Maybe ask if you can find her replacement eyes, unless she doesnt want them.
Seriously, Lowry, we need better filled in. What happened?
>>
No. 673930 ID: 49f1df

you said you weren't afraid of him. i was. i was afraid he'd hurt you. i was afraid i'd have to bear that guilt. i couldn't face you after that. i was a coward.
>>
No. 673940 ID: 88960e

>But it sure would have been cool if you’d, I dunno, fucking texted me or something after your boyfriend dug my eyeballs out of my head with his fingers.
Yeah. I suck, sorry. My head's not been in the right place. Hell, I'm just now coming to realize how much of it is in the wrong places. Not that that's an excuse.
>>
No. 673964 ID: 825954

Politely remind her that you've had a lot more than eyes dug out of your head, and also you can't remember jack.
>>
No. 673993 ID: a6f913
File 144364462610.png - (138.42KB , 700x600 , 72.png )
673993

This I remember. Chidori – with the Sukebun backing her up – was the one who helped me leave Rabies. Honestly, though, “leave” doesn’t do much for accuracy. It was more like “escape.” Part of why I accepted her help was because I knew that Rabies couldn’t kill her, with her being so important in a pretty prominent gang. And he didn’t kill her. But I guess I hadn’t thought about what else he could do.

He got Nanako too – some kind of fucked up “yours for mine” thing – but it’s not like Nanako really liked me anyway before all this. Now she just has a much better reason to hate me.

And I ran, yeah. As soon as she got me out I holed myself up and I didn’t talk to anybody, least of all her. She never retracted the Sukebun’s protection, though, even after everything that happened, and it was enough for me to get a kind of normal job and just sort of get by for a bit.

I wanna say I hate myself for it but I don’t. I wanna say I’m sorry but I don’t feel sorry. I’m just kind of uncomfortable and tired. For the first time I’m starting to actually be bothered by whatever I’m missing.
>>
No. 673994 ID: a6f913
File 144364464215.png - (311.20KB , 700x600 , 73.png )
673994

“Yeah. I suck. I’m sorry.”

She closes the laptop and stares off into the corner. “You’re not sorry.”


“I know, but I figured it might help to hear.” I give a loose shrug. “If I could be sorry I would be.”

“I guess that’s something.”

My chest hurts. I rub at my breastbone distractedly, trying to scrub the feeling out. “It was – I know this isn’t an excuse, but you know how I was then. I was a fucking coward. I was a victim and I was weak. I was scared and I didn’t know what to do and I couldn’t face you.”
>>
No. 673995 ID: a6f913
File 144364465781.png - (76.58KB , 700x600 , 74.png )
673995

Chidori scoffs and pulls her hair over her shoulder. “You know, you keep talking shit about the old you, but I liked her a hell of a lot better.” She pauses. I don’t have anything to say. When she speaks again it’s really quiet. “I used to really, really like you, Lowry.”

I hate this. I hate not having anything to say. I hate knowing what I should be feeling and watching myself just … not feel it. I rub the back of my neck and look away.
“This sucks,” Chidori finally says, lightly. “This fucking sucks.”
>>
No. 674000 ID: 99cfa8

You can say that again.
>>
No. 674002 ID: bb78f2

>>673995
Yeah, it sucks, but doing nothing about it all isn't going to make it any better.

Maybe you could get her back. I don't know. She was happy, sometimes, at least. I'm trying to get my memories back, all of it. I don't know if that'll turn me back into half me then, half me now, but I figure that's a better goal than me taking care of Reiss like he's a puppy and doing nothing about it. Besides, I need to know whether or not I should fix Reiss back up or leave him to die in squalor.

You know anything about how memories are stolen, Chidori? Which groups or gangs are IN that market? Would you like to take a look at what I've found so far?

We might have to kill Rabies, along the way. Join my party, if you'd like to take part. Could find the person who wants you dead too.
>>
No. 674003 ID: 9e5264

tell her about the memory of her you got back. she still cares about you - let her know what's going on.
>>
No. 674019 ID: ca33c9

Ask if there's anything we can do to help her feel better. Or help in general.

(Knowing us, we will probably try to beat up/kill Rabies when we encounter him. Even though we should feel it out first. Point is, we oughta try to trade for her and Nanako's eyes back/ Take them from his crumpled, beaten, possibly dead ass/ Take his eyes and Give them to Chidori. DO NOT OFFER THIS UNTIL AFTER THE FACT. We don't want to create another situation where we renig on our promises like with Ne. )
>>
No. 674022 ID: e114bc

>>673995
Sounds like you want your emotions back after all.
>>
No. 674031 ID: e59994

>>674003
>>674019
ask her if she wants you to get her eyes back maybe? mention the memory. mention you're missing a lot and that you got one back.
>>
No. 674044 ID: 5729b0

It's not all bad, though. ... Besides, what would you even put in to replace the ability to give a fuck?
>>
No. 674047 ID: 149da0

>“This sucks,” Chidori finally says, lightly. “This fucking sucks.”
Yeah.

>You know, you keep talking shit about the old you, but I liked her a hell of a lot better.
It's easier to talk shit about her. I can't be her. Not without all my marbles, and I'm missing a hell of a lot of those.

>>674031
I feel like that's kind of adding insult to injury to bring up. If her eyes were get readily back-able, she would have used her gang connections for that.
>>
No. 674053 ID: a6f913
File 144365845809.png - (191.90KB , 700x600 , 75.png )
674053

“It turns out I’m missing more than just …” I gesture vaguely at my ears. “Whatever used to make me me. I was missing a bunch of memories, too, and I didn’t know til yesterday.”

She looks over her shoulder at me but doesn’t say anything. I figure I should just keep going.

“Turns out Ne had a bunch of them. He was gonna sell them back but I just made him give them to me. One of them is about you.”

She’s running her fingers through her hair over and over again, really slow. “What is it?”

“The time you let me stay at your place and we watched Kill Bill. When I was still with Rabies.”

“Oh.” She laughs a little bit. It’s relieving. “You really hated it.”

“Did I?”

“Yeah, you thought it was awful.”

“Mm.” After a moment of hesitation, I pull up a chair next to her. “Maybe I would like it now.”

She props her chin up on her hand. “Maybe you would.”
>>
No. 674054 ID: a6f913
File 144365847757.png - (138.38KB , 700x600 , 76.png )
674054

We sit for a bit in silence. She’s looking at me really hard. I wish I knew what she was thinking but I’m not gonna ask. Finally she says, “You want a beer? Because I want a beer.”

“It’s like 7:30 in the morning.”

“Yep.” She gets up and crosses to the fridge, rummaging through. “Does Sweat want one?”

“I tried feeding it this morning and it dumped it all on the floor.”

“Let’s say ‘no’ to that then.” She comes back over with two bottles of Sapporo and a bottle opener, but she just opens hers by hitting it vertically against the tabletop. I guess the opener is for me. “So. Memories.”

“Memories.” I lean back in my chair. “I want them back, I think.”

“That’s gonna be tough.” She drinks thoughtfully. “Memory market is real fluid. Hard to pin down. And it sucks because when you’re missing memories it’s hard to know what was taken. I mean, you said yourself you didn’t even know you were missing anything til now.”

“Yeah. I wonder how much more I’m missing.”

“Might be easier to track down the thief than the individual memories themselves.” She wipes a stray droplet off the mouth of her bottle with the pad of her thumb. “Got any theories?”
>>
No. 674055 ID: e114bc

Considering the content of the memories you probably did it to yourself.

So. Think. Who would you sell them to?
>>
No. 674061 ID: 211d83

>>674055

Good point. You were probably sitting there after all of the crap with Rabies wishing that you were stronger and regretting your choices. And then you got the idea to sell the memories that you thought made you weak.

Because all of your friends would have helped save you if someone had kidnapped you and sucked out all your memories.
>>
No. 674062 ID: 149da0

Take beer.

>Memory market is real fluid. Hard to pin down
Why is there a memory market, anyways. What the hell good is someone else's memory.

>Got any theories?
Most likely candidates? Either one of my asshole boyfriends did it to me... or I did it to myself. Those were the destructive, abusive people in my life. The ones who wouldn't have stopped just cause it meant hurting me.
>>
No. 674065 ID: bb78f2

>>674054
Honestly, if it wasn't me, it's probably Reiss. One of the memories implied that the beginning of our relationship was a really bad one, as in I was a hitchhiker and he didn't let me off on my street, then somehow ended up dating him. It had a really creepy vibe to it.

Did you know Reiss at all, Chidori? Anything about his history? I just realize how little I know of the man I've been living with and been taking care of.
>>
No. 674070 ID: e59994

maybe it was Reiss, but Reiss is busted.
He took a memory - well, actually, wait, do you remember me dating Sweat at all?? Someone took my entire memory of being romantic with it, which means it was probably someone who wanted me for himself. Amd they took a memories oc you - my support system, and of Reiss being creepy, so maybe it was him?
>>
No. 674071 ID: 4b209f

not really, hard to keep track of who hated us that much, and if wed known the theif wouldve taken those memories too.
whoever it was was active seven months ago, when the robbery took place, we know that. Can we look for a similar pattern in break-ins and see if it points out anyone?
>>
No. 674111 ID: 66b371

I figure its most likely to be reiss. But i dont know why, just a feeling.

Ask chidori for input maybe? Does she know about reiss? Or what can she tell you about your past? If youre trying to get your memories back i think it'd help to have another party telling you what they remember
>>
No. 674126 ID: ec5b46

Is no one considering it's likely rabies who did this?
>>
No. 674132 ID: e114bc

>>674126
If Rabies had access to her, wouldn't he just kill her or something?
>>
No. 674133 ID: 586f5c

I dunno, I think maybe it was someone I haven't haven't come into contact with too much recently. Reiss probably has the most motive out of everyone so far, but he had his OS ripped off and stolen as well, so we might have been robbed at the same time. Maybe someone Ne hangs around with?
>>
No. 674177 ID: 593daa

Currently, suspicion's on Reiss. But he's only talking in emoji right now so, yknow, gotta fix that first.
>>
No. 674183 ID: 763a04

LISTEN! Here are some things you need to do RIGHT NOW!

1. You need to go to Ne's house and either stop Nanako or MAKE SURE SHE KILLS NE AND NE DOESNT KILL NANAKO. HE LIKELY HAS HIS OWN GUN AND HAS SHOWN TO BE CAUTIOUS.

Ratting on him was a mistake, if he survives, you will have made an enemy for life, and one who has connections with MANY DANGEROUS PEOPLE INCLUDING THE KIND OF THIEVES THAT STOLE YOUR MEMORIES AND BRAIN PARTS.

But if hes dead, YOU WILL HAVE A NEW PLACE TO STAY AND WILL LIKELY HAVE ACCESS TO HIS CONTACTS AND RESOURCES, LEARN MORE ABOUT THE THIEVES IN THE CITY AND MIGHT EVEN BE ABLE TO TAKE HIS PLACE AND GET FUNDS!


2. GET RIESS AND TAKE HIM TO NANAKO'S. Regardless of his state of innocence or guilt, and his personality before or after (literally all that is known is that he was silent at one point and that it was unusual for him) he has shown to not be capable of defending himself and it is known that YOU have enemies who would sure love a mentally handicapped HOSTAGE or MURDER VICTIM to get to YOU. Especially now that you've cut all ties to Ne. IF HE SURVIVES WHERE DO YOU THINK HE IS GOING TO GO?
>>
No. 674200 ID: b08968

>>674183
I'm fairly sure its 2late for all this.
>>
No. 674207 ID: 36f185

Ne was our best lead, but fuck that guy. Fuck that guy so much.

Sweat could have ideas but he's a little... hard to understand.

Ask Chidori for ideas?
>>
No. 674219 ID: 2ccbb3

I suspect that for some people, black market memories are just advanced lottery tickets with a guaranteed toy consolation prize.

There's just so much people take for granted or don't know what they have. What happens when someone's memory includes the key code to a loot room, but they don't even know what a loot room is?

What if Rabies and/or Reiss found something but were too stupid/apathetic to realize what they had and ended up sharing it with you? According to the intel you have, they certainly didn't seem to care enough for your safety to withhold information that would get you screwed into the center of the earth.
>>
No. 674252 ID: f8c5bf

Current prime suspects are Rabies, Reiss and yourself, though probably through a third-party contract, not in person.

Maybe you can search around for hired guns?
>>
No. 675538 ID: b1b975

Question 1: Was Reiss capable of sending emails through his head before someone ripped off his OS?

Question 2: How certain are you that Reiss' OS is actually ripped off, and he's not just faking it?
>>
No. 676701 ID: a6f913
File 144496740625.png - (172.00KB , 700x600 , 77.png )
676701

>Question 1: Was Reiss capable of sending emails through his head before someone ripped off his OS?

I mean ... I guess.

>Question 2: How certain are you that Reiss' OS is actually ripped off, and he's not just faking it?

I have to admit I've thought about that. But Reiss was really proud and used to never shut up about like, independence and intelligence and stuff ... I can't imagine him acting like this on purpose, no matter what he was gonna get out of it. I have to help him with pretty much everything. He'd be humiliated.

"Mostly I keep thinking Reiss," I tell Chidori. "Or Rabies, I guess, but it's not really his style." I pause, then slowly reach out to open my beer. "Lately I've even been thinking that maybe I did it to myself."

"Did it to yourself? Why would you do that?"

"To ... make myself tougher, or something. I guess." It's actually kind of okay. I haven't had beer in a while though, and I'm not really used to it. I feel like I'm drinking for the first time - like I'm a teenager or something, and I'm doing something bad. "You know. Get rid of all the stuff I'm scared of, all the times I've been weak."

"I guess that makes sense. In a fucked up way." Chidori's drumming her hands on the tabletop. "I mean, the whole thing's fucked up, so I guess it's not a bad idea to look at all the fucked up options."

"What about you? Do you have any ideas?"

"I dunno. Just the same stuff. Maybe even Ne," she murmurs. "I mean, if he was gonna sell your memories back to you, maybe he was just like... farming you for stuff anyway." She leans back in her chair. "After Nana's done with him we can get a mortician to dig out whatever he Had and see if he's Got any other stuff that belongs to you."
>>
No. 676702 ID: a6f913
File 144496742345.png - (98.89KB , 700x600 , 78.png )
676702

As if on cue, the door creaks open. Nana shuffles in. She's got blood and little skin bits all over her. "Hey, uh. We've got a little problem."

END CHAPTER 1
>>
No. 676705 ID: a6f913

http://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/676703.html
>>
No. 676743 ID: a1c0c2

..well then.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password