[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 689526)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 145049796372.png - (17.61KB , 800x600 , intermission.png )
689526 No. 689526 ID: 15a025

Ugh, that's the last time I go to AP chemistry after having some smokes. Stupid bright flash making me go blind for a whole day. First some jerk rats me out to the cops, then Rainy just disappears without a word, now this? What a bum week. At least I scored some magic earrings from the nurse that apparently lets me talk to some people from another dimension or something that can help guide the blind.
Expand all images
>>
No. 689527 ID: 15a025
File 145049798358.png - (5.86KB , 800x600 , Candy quest 1.png )
689527

So uh... hey spooky people, you there? If so can you help me find my lighter so I can have a smo- hey what's the deal with everything being all outlined and stuff? This your doing?
>>
No. 689528 ID: 7b65b9

Candy listen, Rainy is a secret agent out doing top secret mission stuff. That's why she's gone and couldn't tell you.
>>
No. 689530 ID: 86cfc3

Candy, you're blind too? It's an epidemic!

>hey what's the deal with everything being all outlined and stuff? This your doing?
Yeah, it's blind-dar. Better than nothing.
>>
No. 689568 ID: 0461fb

How long has your friend been gone? What day is it? Also go over to the table and check for your lighter there.
>>
No. 689588 ID: 15a025
File 145057219345.png - (4.98KB , 800x600 , lighter.png )
689588

>Candy listen, Rainy is a secret agent out doing top secret mission stuff. That's why she's gone and couldn't tell you.
>Candy, you're blind too? It's an epidemic!
I'm pretty sure Rainy isn't a secret agent, she could barely deal with these two bullies who kept harassing her without my help. What makes you think she could do spy work? Second, how the hell do you know about me and Rainy anyway?
>It's a blind-dar. Better than nothing.
A blind-dar? Starting to think I finally crashed from staying up all night for the past few days or I'm going insane from sleep deprivation.
>How long has your friend been gone?
Good question, I've been so busy going to the club and studying and doing homework and not sleeping and oh man I really need a smoke right now.
>What day is it?
Couldn't tell ya. like I said I've been cramming so much stuff in I haven't gone to bed in days. I might have had a few minute naps here and there but I don't really remember.
>Also go over to the table and check for your lighter there.
Finally some help here. Let me just mosey over there and feel around. Yes! It's here along with my last few candy cane smokes. Ah what the hell who's knocking on my door now? Should I go see who it is or should I screw'em and go take a smoke brake?
>>
No. 689591 ID: 86cfc3

>Second, how the hell do you know about me and Rainy anyway?
You're not the only one with a magic artifact, of course. Seeing eye spirits are standard issue.

>Starting to think I finally crashed from staying up all night for the past few days or I'm going insane from sleep deprivation.
You're not crazy or high (okay, actually, you might be. You're high quite often and you're loopy enough even without sleep deprivation). But the blind-dar is real, it's part of the enchantment on the earrings.

>Should I go see who it is or should I screw'em and go take a smoke brake?
Sure, go 'see' who it is.
>>
No. 689594 ID: 7b65b9

You can go see him 'and' screw him ;).
>>
No. 689600 ID: 15a025
File 145057947659.gif - (5.94KB , 800x600 , ugh sybil.gif )
689600

>You're not the only one with a magic artifact, of course. Seeing eye spirits are standard issue.
So you're eye spirits? Well I'll start calling you just that then. So who else do you lend your help out to? Anyone I know personally?
>You're not crazy or high (okay, actually, you might be. You're high quite often and you're loopy enough even without sleep deprivation). But the blind-dar is real, it's part of the enchantment on the earrings.
Hey I'm not always... okay maybe I smoke more than I should but cut a girl a brake here. It's not easy being in all these advanced classes and having to cram homework without some way to chill out and party. Man now I really wish Rainy was here, hanging out with her was a nice fresh way to forget about all this homework crap.
>Sure, go 'see' who it is.
Haha you're so funny. Shit, this is going to be hard finding the damn door. At least I got this walking stick thing like Rainy had to help me find stuff. It takes a bit but I manage to make it to the door.
"Who is it?"
"Candy it's Sybil. May I come in?"
Ugh, what does Sybil want? This better not be about your screw up in chemistry class today. I open up the door and..whoa what's with the blind-dar and the beating heart now?
"So about that lab incident today, everything going alright Candy? It's not like you to make a mistake like that in chemistry class. You're like the smartest in the class."
Way to jinx myself. It's getting real aggravating hearing everyone go on about my little screw up and act all surprised. Fuck me I don't have the energy for this, I really need a smoke soon. What should I say or do spirits?
>>
No. 689614 ID: 86cfc3

>whoa what's with the blind-dar and the beating heart now?
Hearts are people. We're kind of low budget on the graphics.

>Sybil
Oh hey, she's nice! She helped Rainy after those jerks tried to beat her up on her way to class.

>What should I say or do spirits?
I dunno, try to convince her you're okay? Invite her in?
>>
No. 689708 ID: 15a025
File 145065673372.gif - (21.91KB , 800x600 , what time is it.gif )
689708

>Hearts are people. We're kind of low budget on the graphics.
Low budget? Come on you're spirits crying out loud, you should have like all powerful...powers and stuff. Like powerful powers that let you make these telepathic images for free.
>Oh hey, she's nice! She helped Rainy after those jerks tried to beat her up on her way to class.
Yeah I know she's pretty nice. Weird how we're partners in chemistry again this year.
>try to convince her you're okay? Invite her in?
"Why don't you come in?"
"Sure."
I walk Sybil over to the table and seat myself across from her.
"So how bad are your eyes?"
"Nurse said I've gone blind but my vision should be back by the morning. Gotta wear this stupid bandage wrap thing over my eyes till tomorrow."
"You're lucky it wasn't permanent damage. Speaking of being blind, do you know Rainy?"
"Yeah. She's pretty nice. Sucks she kind of just disappeared a few days ago."
"Uh, Candy? She's been gone for a few weeks now, and she didn't just disappear. She's been in the ER this whole time. I mention her because the school paper talked about how she's getting better."
Hey uh... spirits? You wouldn't happen to have some weird time travel powers would you? There's no way it's been weeks since Rainy disappeared. I know because I haven't really slept since then and there's no way I've been up for that many hours straight. Any thoughts?
>>
No. 689734 ID: 86cfc3

>you should have like all powerful...powers and stuff.
Look we didn't design the thing, I've just got the manual. Take it up with an enchanter. Or engineer. Or whoever made this thing.

>You wouldn't happen to have some weird time travel powers would you?
Um, well, sometimes we've experienced skipping when time doesn't pass the same for us as it does for you. Us making you jump ahead is not a thing that's supposed to happen.

>I know because I haven't really slept since then
Um. Well, sleep deprivation can lead to weird things to perceptions of time?

I mean, this is easy, right? It was the first week of school when Rainy got into trouble. You'd have noticed if your classes had moved on from the first week boring introduction stuff... right?

I'd almost wonder if your accident left you unconscious longer than you thought, except Sybil said "about that lab incident today". [Italics mine]
>>
No. 689742 ID: 15a025
File 145067165640.png - (5.28KB , 800x600 , sleeping bag.png )
689742

>Look we didn't design the thing, I've just got the manual. Take it up with an enchanter. Or engineer. Or whoever made this thing.
Okay fine, no need to get your pants all in a twist, or whatever it is you spirits wear.
>Um, well, sometimes we've experienced skipping when time doesn't pass the same for us as it does for you. Us making you jump ahead is not a thing that's supposed to happen.
I'll have to keep that in mind.
>Um. Well, sleep deprivation can lead to weird things to perceptions of time?
>I mean, this is easy, right? It was the first week of school when Rainy got into trouble. You'd have noticed if your classes had moved on from the first week boring introduction stuff... right?
Actually, being in an advanced chemistry class they kind of just have you dive straight into working out solutions and stuff. I'm just going to go with sleep deprivation screwing with my time perception for now.
"Candy you okay? You've have your head down on the table now for a bit?"
"Yeah I'm fine. Just haven't been sleeping well lately."
"Oh Candy you better not be doing what you did last year are you!"
"And what might that be?"
"You've been staying up all night again trying to get your assignments done the day or night you got them again aren't you?"
She's got that about half right. I usually get those papers finished by midnight, after that it's party time at the club till 7 am. Thankfully Syb still hasn't found out about the latter yet.
"No..."
"Candy you can't keep this up. Don't let what happened last year happen again. Come on let's get you off to bed."
"Hey wait a second here, you said Rainy's in the ER right?"
"Yeah."
"What happened to her?"
"Someone attacked her with some lethal poison or something."
"What the hell! Who'd go and do that to her. Do they have a suspect? Did they catch who did it?!"
"I don't know, they haven't released any details. I'm just thankful to hear they saved her life somehow and that she's starting to recover now."
"Thanks for telling me Sybil."
"No problem Candy. I should get going now, gotta get ready for the big chem test tomorrow. I suggest you get ready by getting some sleep Candy, I don't want to see you get hurt like this again."
A few moments pass and the door creeks opens and then creeks shut. She must have left. Well spirits you seem pretty good at this whole guide thing. I'm really dying for a smoke here and for something to do. If it's what time I think it is, the club don't open for another... never mind I'm not trusting my perception of time for now. Anyway what I'm trying to ask is should I stay up and go to the party or should I pull out the sleeping bag?
>>
No. 689755 ID: 86cfc3

>Rainy
Don't worry, she's fine. Or at least she was last time we talked to her.

>Anyway what I'm trying to ask is should I stay up and go to the party or should I pull out the sleeping bag?
If you can't tell what week it is that's a sign you probably need sleep more than a party.

Have a smoke and go to bed?
>>
No. 689826 ID: 15a025
File 145074113248.gif - (12.53KB , 800x600 , zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.gif )
689826

>Don't worry, she's fine. Or at least she was last time we talked to her.
I hope so. I really don't want to lose another good friend...
>If you can't tell what week it is that's a sign you probably need sleep more than a party. Have a smoke and go to bed?
If I'm going to bed it'd probably best not to light one up, those candy canes I smoke really give ya an energy boost. Better just climb straight into bed. Good night earring spirits.
An unknown amount of time later...
Ugh, who's knocking on the door at whatever time it is? Better go find out before they start yelling.
"Who is it?"
"It's Sybil, Can I come in?"
"Yeah sure whatever."
"How are you doing this morning?"
"Fine I guess, what do you want? I'm trying to catch all those z's I've been skipping."
"The nurse sent me down to get you, she wants to check on your eyes."
"Wait or crap I still can't see!"
"That's because you still have that blindfold over your face."
"Oh right..."
"Well if you're still tired I can go tell her you're still sleeping."
Hey spirits, think I should hit snooze button here or should I go with Sybil now?
>>
No. 689839 ID: 977a6a

You should probably keep your appointment with the nurse. Gotta take care of your eyes, unless you want to be stuck with us!
>>
No. 689877 ID: 15a025
File 145076148415.png - (3.14KB , 800x600 , lasers.png )
689877

>You should probably keep your appointment with the nurse. Gotta take care of your eyes, unless you want to be stuck with us!
Yeah probably should go while Sybil is around to bring me there.
"Yeah give me a second to roll out of bed here."
"Okay."
It's pretty tough to resiest the cozy warm bed sheets but I eventually force myself out.
"Lead the way Syb, I've no idea where the nurse's office is."
"Just hold onto arm and I'll guide you down, it's not too far from where the main lobby is."
Sybil yanks my arm and we start walking to the nurse's office.
"I really hope your eyes are fine Candy."
"I'm sure they'll be fine."
"They better be, we have a chemistry test today! It's going to be really hard to do the experiment without your help. Plus if you can't see how are you going to take the written portion? You can't read braille."
"Sybil settle down, don't worry about it. Are we almost there yet?"
"No, we just started walking down."
Moments later...
"Okay now we're here. Let me get the door for you."
"Thanks, hopefully I'll see you in a bit."
The moment I walk in the nurse greets me but something doesn't sound right...
"Morning miss Kane, glade you could make it before classes start today. Let me just grab my notes on you from yesterday and then we'll get started."
"You sound different Nurse, your voice is pretty deep compared to yesterday."
"Sorry, bit of a cold today. Here let me take that blindfold off."
His...I mean her hand starts to undo the knot on the blindfold but something doesn't feel right. Her hand feels different but I can't put my tongue on it. Soon the blindfold comes off and....nothing. Just darkness and the outlines of the blind-dar still.
"Oh yikes! Candy, your pupils are all dilated on funky looking."
"Okay, so what's the problem doc?"
"Your blind"
"Yeah well no shit I'm blind, what seems to be the exact problem though?"
"It's ...."
"It's what?"
"I said it's..."
"Sorry but I can barely hear you, speak up."
"Candy it's ...."
"Now you're just muttering on purpose. If you won't tell me what's wrong can you at least tell me if you can fix my eyes or not?"
"We could always try laser surgery, that'll cost a lot of money though. Like $4,000."
I don't like where this is going spirits, this nurse sounds shady and wants some cash for something you'd think the college would help out with. Any advice?
>>
No. 689880 ID: 977a6a

>Plus if you can't see how are you going to take the written portion?
Generally, a school is supposed to provide someone to help you with that kind of thing. Like, if you're temporarily unable to read or write, they give you an oral examine. Or stick you in a room with a proctor who reads the test to you and records what answers you tell them too.

Especially since this accident occurred on campus, with their equipment.

>I don't like where this is going spirits, this nurse sounds shady and wants some cash for something you'd think the college would help out with. Any advice?
Tell her thanks but no thanks. You'd like time to think about it, and probably a second opinion. This isn't something to rush into.

Your diagnosis before sounded like she expected you to recover, I'm not sure I trust this new person trying to rush you to surgery.

(We should try and see your original nurse later, if you can).
>>
No. 690078 ID: 15a025
File 145090337239.png - (6.48KB , 800x600 , Fake nurse.png )
690078

>Generally, a school is supposed to provide someone to help you with that kind of thing. Like, if you're temporarily unable to read or write, they give you an oral examine. Or stick you in a room with a proctor who reads the test to you and records what answers you tell them too. Especially since this accident occurred on campus, with their equipment.
Good point, only part is half the test score comes from doing a lab properly. Kind of hard to do something like that without sight.

>Tell her thanks but no thanks. You'd like time to think about it, and probably a second opinion. This isn't something to rush into. Your diagnosis before sounded like she expected you to recover, I'm not sure I trust this new person trying to rush you to surgery.
Agreed.

"Thanks but I'm going to pass on that for. I'm going to need some time to think about it, $4,000 is a ton of loot. It'd also be nice to get a second opinion on this as well."
"Ah I 'see.' Well before you go miss Kane I've got a few more questions to ask you. How well do you know the other blind student here?"
"You mean Rainy?"
"Yes."
"Not very well. Why do you ask?"
"I've got a present for her. It's a pair of magic ear-rings like the ones you have on. Thought she might like some help."
" I'll be sure to give them to her if I find her."
"Thanks. Now you get off to class, wouldn't want to late would you?"
"Yeah, that'd suck."

I get off the chair and head out of the office.
"Hey Sybil you still here?"
"Yeah, what'd the nurse say?"
"Well first it's not even the same nurse from yesterday. Second, this new nurse is saying I need this really expensive eye surgery if I want my vision back."
"You sure it wasn't Nurse Mint? She was hear not even an hour a...wait a second, Nurse Mint's the only nurse on the campus. Something fishy is going on here."
"You sure Sybil?"
"I'm sure about it."
Well shoot, now what should I do spirits?
>>
No. 690100 ID: 977a6a

One sure for a whole campus? Must be small. Who do they call when she has the day off, or calls in sick?

Regardless, it sounds like we even have less reason to trust this 'nurse' you just saw.

...I think we should get those earrings she gave you checked out. Find out what enchantment is on them without putting them on. Because right now I trust they're a good thing about as far as you couldn't throw anything because you can't see where it's going.
>>
No. 690124 ID: 15a025
File 145092035874.png - (7.38KB , 800x600 , what was I thinking.png )
690124

>One nurse for a whole campus? Must be small. Who do they call when she has the day off, or calls in sick?
I'm honestly not sure how big the campus is, probably about 700 students. Not sure who comes in if she's out sick or has a day off.

>Regardless, it sounds like we even have less reason to trust this 'nurse' you just saw.
Yeah, "seeing" the professional eye doctor sounds like an even better idea the more I think about it.

>I think we should get those earrings she gave you checked out. Find out what enchantment is on them without putting them on. Because right now I trust they're a good thing about as far as you couldn't throw anything because you can't see where it's going.
You spirits think of everything. Only way to safely find out what enchantment is on them is to either get lucky and find one of the last few sages inspect them or pay a jeweler to appraise them.

"Hey Candy listen there's an announcement going on!"
"Due to the decreasing temperatures outside and another heater failure in the building, classes have cancelled for the day. Enjoy your day off."
Talk about getting a lucky break here.
"Well hey Sybil how about we just get going to the eye doctor now then?"
"Sure, got your car keys?"
"Yeah here take them."
"Let's get going before it gets even colder out then."

Sybil grabs my arm and she guides me out to my car and gets me all strapped in.
"So uh... it's a half hour long ride here right?"
"Yeah it's a little bit of a drive, why?"
"Up for talking on the way there?"
"About what?"
"I...I don't know anything I guess."
Well shoot I don't know what to talk about. Got any good conversational pieces spirits?
>>
No. 690161 ID: 977a6a

>Only way to safely find out what enchantment is on them is to either get lucky and find one of the last few sages inspect them or pay a jeweler to appraise them.
Oh, well, hopefully sages / jewelers aren't too pricey.

>Got any good conversational pieces spirits?
Man, another day off. And they closed due to cold not too long ago, too.

Gripe about the party you slept though?

The Rainy mystery? (What happened to her, her roommate, anyone else who was there).

Your classes?
>>
No. 690268 ID: 15a025
File 145101246837.png - (6.27KB , 800x600 , bad disco ball.png )
690268

>Oh, well, hopefully sages / jewelers aren't too pricey.
Sages do it for free, problem is there's only about five known sages so good luck finding one. As for jewelers they charge ya $20. Sometimes if your enchanted item has a really lame and worthless enchantment they end up giving you a refund out of pity.

>Gripe about the party you slept though?
Nah, Sybil doesn't know I'm a party animal. That's kind of a little secret of mine actually.

>The Rainy mystery? (What happened to her, her roommate, anyone else who was there).
"Hey Sybil, you never really went into detail about what happened to Rainy that put her in the ER."
"Huh? I thought I told you. Well A few weeks ago she was found with some needle jabbed in her right arm passed out. They hastily analyzed the needle and found out if was filled with a pretty lethal poison. She's pretty lucky to even be alive."
"What about her room-mate? Was she attacked? Was she the attacker?"
"Her room-mate was found passed out in the dorm room. Apparently she almost OD'd from all the drugs they found scattered around the room. She was sent to a rehab center down state and kicked out of the college here."
"Did Rainy partake in this little drug party?"
"Don't know, they never said anything about that in the papers."
"When do you think she'll come back?"
"I don't think she'll be coming back Candy. After missing almost a month's worth the classes it'd take a miracle for her to catch up and make up all that homework."

"Hey we almost there?"
"Yeah just a few more minutes."
Anything else spirits?
>>
No. 690271 ID: 977a6a

20 bucks for an appraisal ain't too bad. I was expecting worse, to be honest.

>That's kind of a little secret of mine actually.
Surprised public appearances at big parties can be kept secret. Then again, a lot of people are probably too drunk or high to care who you are, and not if you're in upper level classes, few of your classmates will probably attend the wilder parties.

>I don't think she'll be coming back Candy. After missing almost a month's worth the classes it'd take a miracle for her to catch up and make up all that homework.
Yeah, she'll have to retake courses if she comes back, probably.

And your your comfort of mind: last time we spoke to Rainy was after the needle poison thing, and she wasn't involved in the drug party.
>>
No. 690769 ID: 15a025
File 145135415859.png - (14.08KB , 800x600 , cheap or expensive.png )
690769

>Surprised public appearances at big parties can be kept secret. Then again, a lot of people are probably too drunk or high to care who you are, and not if you're in upper level classes, few of your classmates will probably attend the wilder parties.
What makes it even easier to keep it secret is these parties are at a privet members only club.

>Yeah, she'll have to retake courses if she comes back, probably, and for comfort of your mind: last time we spoke to Rainy was after the needle poison thing, and she wasn't involved in the drug party.
Well that sucks.

"Alright Candy we're here. Need some help getting out?"
"Nah I should be fine, think you could come in with me though?"
"Sure."
Walking in, the place smelt like an old library. Actually, it smells almost exactly like the library back on campus
"Morning girls how are you today?"
"I'm just fine but my friend Candy here is having some eye problems. Is the doctor in today?"
"He's pretty backed up today. Is it possible I could schedule you in for tomorrow at 6:00 pm?"
"Yeah that works for me. How about you Sybil, think you could drive me out here for then?"
"Anything to help you out Candy."
"I'll pencil you in for six then. Enjoy the rest of your day girls!"

Sybil and I walk out and hop in the car.
"So off to the jeweler now?"
"Yup. Can you look into my wallet and see if I've got $20 in there?"
"Mmmm.... yup. You've got $50 in there."
"Sweet let's roll out then. How far is it from here?"
"Not far. Should only take a few minutes to get there, unless you want to visit the premium expensive lady. Apparently her appraisals are better. Then it'll take another half hour."
I've definitely got the extra cash to go see this premium lady or whatever but is it worth it? What do you spirits think?
>>
No. 690775 ID: 7b65b9

If a non-premium appraiser could get it wrong, then it's probably worth it, but I can't imagine any other reason.
>>
No. 690776 ID: dc07bb

Uh, depends on how much more expensive the premo lady is? Too expensive and you can't really use her. But if it's just 50 instead of 20, it's probably worth getting a good look. I don't trust that 'nurse' not to have something sneaky.
>>
No. 690779 ID: 15a025
File 145136418765.png - (6.05KB , 800x600 , crummy necklace of unknown power.png )
690779

>If a non-premium appraiser could get it wrong, then it's probably worth it, but I can't imagine any other reason.
>Uh, depends on how much more expensive the premo lady is? Too expensive and you can't really use her. But if it's just 50 instead of 20, it's probably worth getting a good look.
"Hey Sybil how much would the fancy person charge?"
"I'd say $50."
"Got any spare cash you'd be willing float me incase it's a bit more?"
"I...uh... don't know Candy. Is getting those earrings appraised really worth $50+ to you? I'm sure the regular appraiser is good enough."
"Nah, better not chance it. That nurse was pretty shady, wouldn't be shocked if these earrings had some kind of curse on them."
"Alright Premium it is. On the topic of magic stuff I've been thinking about getting an enchanted necklace myself but don't really know what a good enchantment for it would be. Any ideas yourself?"
Hey spirits, all of you are magical and stuff right? What would be some kind of cool idea for an enchantment Sybil might like? Keep in mind it can't be something you can use as a weapon, that kind of stuff is illegal here. Same goes for stuff that lets you cheat on anything.
>>
No. 690812 ID: dc07bb

>Same goes for stuff that lets you cheat on anything.
So... a bunch of spirits no one else could see you conferring with for answers on a test isn't cheating? Um. Maybe we should keep quiet about that.

>Keep in mind it can't be something you can use as a weapon
I'd point out that most things have some application as a weapon. Granted, we're probably a little indirect with the whole "knowledge is power" direction we take, but anything that actually influences your world in any way would have a path.

>What would be some kind of cool idea for an enchantment Sybil might like?
Well, not knowing Sybil very well or what sh gets up too, there's a rather wide variety of choices!

There's the sensory stuff. She obviously doesn't need a sense replaced at the moment, but there's stuff that improves or augments existing senses.

There's protective stuff. Comes in a lot of different flavors, but off the top of my head, protection from elements would be handy the way your campus keeps unexpectedly dipping towards sub-zero. Or given your chem lab's apart propensity to explode, she could get something that would offer more protection (and freedom of movement) than a standard lab-coat and goggles setup.

There's utility stuff. Like, small amounts of extra-dimensional storage space, or levitating small objects, or clothes that can change colors (or their whole appearance, on the more pricey end), or animate rope, or heck, a bottomless cocoa mug (well, within reason).
>>
No. 690842 ID: 15a025
File 145144138183.png - (7.76KB , 800x600 , spooky earrings.png )
690842

>So... a bunch of spirits no one else could see you conferring with for answers on a test isn't cheating? Um. Maybe we should keep quiet about that.
That's something I thought spirits weren't suppose to do anyway.

>Protection from elements would be handy the way your campus keeps unexpectedly dipping towards sub-zero.
Good thinking!
"Hey Sybil why not get a necklace with a heat enchantment. Would defiantly help you stay warm during the school year."
"Something like that would be awesome. If it was really good I could even walk around outside in a tank top and shorts. Next time I get paid I'm going to start looking around for something like that. Too bad it'll end up costing a fortune, but staying warm around campus isn't easy."

About fifteen minutes later...
"Are we there yet Sybil?"
"Yeah, this looks like the place. Give me a second to park the car."
"About time. Hey maybe they'll have what you're looking for in here."
"It'd be nice but I don't have the cash for one right now."
Sybil hops out of the car and helps me get in the store.
"Ah welcome ladies! What can the marvelous madam Ann do for the two of you today?"
"I'm looking to get an appraisal on a pair of earrings, think you're up for the job."
"Oh hush, appraisals are my specialty here! I've yet to be wrong on any of them. What'll it be my little lamb?"
"Someone gave me some enchanted earrings and I've got a eerie feeling they're cursed."
"Hmm...I must warn you then. While I am good at telling how something is enchanted I'm not so good with a the curses. I can tell if something is cursed just not what the curse is. It's a whole nother ball park. Still want my appraisal?"
"Yeah. Here's the fifty bucks and the earrings. Tell me everything you can about them."

"Alright. I must enter the back room and inspect them in peace. It'll take about half an hour to fourty-five minutes. While you wait Johnny will take care of anything else you may need. Hey Johnny! Johnny get down here!"
"What do you want ya old hag!"
"Get down here! We've got customers!"
"Ah damn it I was just about to win. Hang on, I'm coming down."
Loud and angry stomping down a set of wood stairs echo through the store. This guy sounds pretty pissed.
"Don't you get huffy with me. I pay you good cash to help around here and provide a roof over your head. Never killed anyone to get of their lazy ass an old lady out for a bit. I'm heading into the back so keep watch on these two."
"Ugh, alright. Don't be all day though. I've got company coming in an hour."
"You better not be talking about those crazy cultist creeps from last week. I swear if I see them in here again I'll give ya the boot."
"Okay whatever just hurry up and get done before my friends get here."
"I'm going, I'm going. Now you all behave yourselves."
"So can I help you find anything or are we just going to stand here in an awkward silence for the next who knows how long?"
>>
No. 690843 ID: dc07bb

Well, how about you ask him to show you some stuff? I mean, we're just waiting on the appraisal, but why not check out some of the cool enchanted stuff while you wait.
>>
No. 690845 ID: 7b65b9

Ask him if he knows where you can find a curse appraiser.
>>
No. 690927 ID: 15a025
File 145154002796.gif - (9.08KB , 800x600 , fwosh.gif )
690927

>Well, how about you ask him to show you some stuff? I mean, we're just waiting on the appraisal, but why not check out some of the cool enchanted stuff while you wait.
"Think you could tell us about the enchanted stuff you've got here?"
"What, you chicks like this kind of junk? The old hag doesn't have anything super cool out on the floor here for sale or show. It's mostly low power party trick magic. Like a one use ring that makes any drink instantly cold or warm or a ring that flings a pebble a few feet somewhere once a day. Think the most useful thing she has for sale here is a ring that can patch up a small tear in a cloth once a day."
"Dose she keep anything cool in the back?"
"Nothing I'm allowed to speak of."
"Darn..."

>Ask him if he knows where you can find a curse appraiser.
"Would you or Madam Ann know where we could find a curse appraiser?"
"If I remember correctly priests should know a good amount about curses seeing as some can remove curses from stuff."
"Never really knew that. Know anyone around here that can do that?"
"I'm think someone at the church down by the park still offers the service. If I recall the cursed item has to be affecting someone for him to remove it. In other words you'll have to have the item attached to you."
"How would someone know that they're wearing something cursed?"
"Other than the fact they'd be under the affect of a curse, they won't be able to take the cursed item off. Well enough about this magic curses junk, how about we head upstairs and talk some actually cool stuff."

Shall we head upstairs spirits or should we stay down here?
>>
No. 690963 ID: 3d2d5f

Well, I suppose if there's nothing to do down here, you could see what entertainment he's offering.
>>
No. 690998 ID: 15a025
File 145159950860.png - (13.35KB , 800x600 , Except for the author that wrote the book.png )
690998

>Well, I suppose if there's nothing to do down here, you could see what entertainment he's offering.
"Well if there really isn't anything else to talk about might as well head up stairs. Coming with Sybil?"
"Yeah sure why not. What kind of things do you collect Johnny?"
"Rare books from around the globe."
"What kind of rare books?"
"Come on up and see for your-self."

Sybil helps me up the stairs and into this Johnny guy's room.
"Behold, my personal library of books documenting historical wars and sci-fi tales from all over the world! What do you two think."
Sybil yanks my arm and starts whispering in my ear.
"Think it's to your advantage here that you can't see. Every spot on this guy's walls is covered with some pretty creepy posters of..."
"So what do you two want to start reading while we wait?"
"Uh...not sure if you couldn't tell but I'm kind of on the blind side here. I'm also not the biggest fan of reading books."
"Boo! How can anyone not love the joys of reading?"
Ya know, the more this guy talks the more I'd kind of like to punch him in the face now.

"So how much longer till Madam Ann is done with those earrings? Actually better yet, what time is it anyway?"
"It's about 11:00 am. She should be d-"
"Johnny I told you to stay down here! Did those two leave without their stuff!"
"No we're all up stairs!"
"Oh what the hell! Why did you bring those nice girls up into that nasty rat nest you call a room. You better not be hav-"
"Oh for the love of, no I'm not!"
"Well bring them down! Tell them I'm all done here!"
Sybil helps me back down the stairs.
"Pardon my little assistant here. Anyway do you want the good news or the bad news first?"
What'll it be spirits?
>>
No. 691003 ID: d0868f

>>690998
Bad then good?
>>
No. 691024 ID: 15a025
File 145161078956.gif - (5.47KB , 800x600 , magic heat powers.gif )
691024

>Bad then good?
"Well let's get the bad news out of the way."
"The earrings are cursed. I'm not able to tell exactly what the curse is but I sense a stronger than normal evil hiding in them. There's even worse news though. The pair of earrings you wear at this very moment are the exact same pair as these!"

"Okay so what's the good news?"
"I'm giving you a full refund and personally guiding you to someone who can lift curses."
"Did they have any enchantments on them at least?"
"Yes, a very powerful and helpful one. They were enchanted with the souls of magical guides from another realm to help out the wearer. I'd actually like to know if I could uh... buy them off of you once we get the curses lifted?"
"I'll think about it."

"Johnny I need you to close up shop for the day. I've got to take care of these two before anything bad happens them."
"Sweet!"
"You two have a car right? It's going to be a long walk otherwise."
"Yup."
"That's a relief. I'd hate to go dig out the old enchanted heat necklace and walk out in this terrible weather."

Sybil helps out me of the store and into the back seat of the car and lets Madam Ann hop in the front seat. The car starts quickly and Ann starts "back seat driving" and gives Sybil directions to this place we're going.
"So how far is this place anyway?"
"It's two hours from here."
"What happened to the guy at church by the park?"
"Who? Oh wait no I know who you're talking about. Poor fellow died a few years ago, can't remember how though. Hey slow down! Take that exit over there and then turn right!"
Well this is going to be an interesting car ride. How can we pass some time here?
>>
No. 691033 ID: d0868f

Wait, we're cursed? Dang. That's too bad. Sorry about that.

Who gave you the first set of earrings? The same spooky nurse?

>I'd actually like to know if I could uh... buy them off of you once we get the curses lifted?
Out of curiosity, what are we worth, without icky curses dragging down the property value?
>>
No. 691116 ID: 15a025
File 145168641638.png - (7.50KB , 800x600 , big money.png )
691116

>Who gave you the first set of earrings? The same spooky nurse?
No, it was the regular school nurse who gave me them. I wonder if she knew they were cursed? If she knew though why would she want them back?

>Out of curiosity, what are we worth, without icky curses dragging down the property value?
Don't really know. All these laws and regulations on who can and can't use enchanted stuff, what enchantments are okay and aren't okay, and who can and can't buy/sell enchanted stuff has really just drove me away from the whole scene.

"Hey Madam Ann, you said you were interested in buying that extra pair of earrings off me right?"
"What? Oh yes yes! I want those earrings very much!"
"How much you willing to pay me for them after we remove the curse?"
"Hm... how about we make a trade back at the store yes?"
"Can't pay me in cash for them?"
"I might be a premium jeweler here but my pockets aren't lined in silk. I could never afford to pay you in full cash for something like those. Come on, I'll let you into my secret hoard of rare treasures back at the shop. I can give you whatever you want as long as you have the license to own and use any of my more powerful stuff."
"I'll think about it. Hey how much longer till we get to this place anyway?"
"I say about another hour and a half. Your friend here drives as slow as molasses here."

Yikes that's still a long ways to go. What else can we talk about here to pass time, or do you spirits know any good car games?"
>>
No. 691119 ID: d0868f

>how much are we worth
So... more than she can afford strait-up. That's interesting.

I suppose with two sets of earrings, that's an option. Or you might not even need us anymore when you get your sight back, but that's your call.

>What else can we talk about here to pass time, or do you spirits know any good car games?
Uh, punch buggy and I-spy sort of require being sighted.

Trivia? Riddles and wordgames? (The oldest game?) Discussion? Or there's the radio / singalongs.
>>
No. 691171 ID: 7b65b9

Ask Madam Ann what she looks like. since you can't see you might want to recognize her once your sight's back.
>>
No. 691175 ID: 15a025
File 145170637948.gif - (7.58KB , 800x600 , news.gif )
691175

>So... more than she can afford strait-up. That's interesting. I suppose with two sets of earrings, that's an option. Or you might not even need us anymore when you get your sight back, but that's your call.
I plan on finding some way to bank on that extra pair but I gotta keep you spirits safe and sound incase nurse Mint needs you back. Screw that other shady nurse though.

>Ask Madam Ann what she looks like since you can't see you might want to recognize her once your sight's back.
"Hey Madam Ann I've been wondering for awhile here, what do you look like?"
"What do you mean what do I lo- oh that's right, you're the blind one. I'm just an old anteater who goes around wearing this old purple cloak."

>Trivia? Riddles and wordgames? (The oldest game?) Discussion? Or there's the radio / singalongs.
Hmm... I've got the feeling Madam Ann is a riddle master. Let's find out.
"Madam Ann do you know any good riddles?"
"Hush not now, you're lousy driver friend needs directions or else she's going to get lost."
Well there goes any fun games or discussions there.
"Hey Sybil think you could put the radio onto the news channel for me? I wanna know what messed up shit our world is coming to."
"Yeah no problem."

Sybil turns on the radio and tunes it into the news station.
"-and so the local fire department was able put out a fire at the local and save several poor children from dying a horrible death. Back to you Tom."
"Thanks Ti-wait was that? Oh my-! Just this in! Breaking news! Princess Bijou has been kidnapped and is being held captive by an unknown terrorist group. Details on the event are currently unknown other than the group has also stolen several of King Gort's ships. Stayed tune as we await further information!"
If wasn't wide awake now, I sure as hell am now.
"This...this is impossible! Whoever managed to pull this off has to be a powerful and scary group. No one has ever made it through the palace on an attack like that and came out alive, let alone with the princess and our own ships!"
"I too, am also shocked by this, but please keep your-self together and stay on the road or pull over!"
"Y..you're right. I shouldn't be panicking about this right now, especially while driving. Oh I just hope this doesn't mark the start of another war."
"Oh hush, last time we were ever in a serious war was over eighty years ago. Now turn right and get ready to take that exit up there."

For awhile it's dead silent in the car other than Madam Ann giving off directions and a the quiet hum of the dead news station waiting for more information.
"How much longer till we get there?"
"Actually we're almost here, impatient one."
Think it'd be a good idea to start talking about this recent attack or should I just stay quiet till we get there then?
>>
No. 691243 ID: d0868f

>Think it'd be a good idea to start talking about this recent attack or should I just stay quiet till we get there then?
How about you fill us in on the political situation? We don't really know about this stuff. You make it sound like people have been out to get your leaders for a while, they've just been unsuccessful?
>>
No. 691372 ID: 15a025
File 145178852807.png - (7.59KB , 800x600 , argh burried treasure_.png )
691372

>How about you fill us in on the political situation? We don't really know about this stuff. You make it sound like people have been out to get your leaders for a while, they've just been unsuccessful?
It's not really a political problem. It's more like, there's a ton of treasure and money wrapped in a very secret and undisclosed location and a few leaders caught wind of that and have been trying to steal it. Hell, even people from here heard the rumor and have tried their hands to make bank. I'm willing to place a bet that these people kidnapped Princess Bijou in an attempt to get her to spill the beans and lead them to it. Either that or they're holding her ransom for said info or just a ton of money.
"Hey sheep girl, you just going to sit in the back there mumbling gibberish or you coming in for what we drove out here for?"
Huh, didn't even notice the car the stopped. I open the door and hop out, Sybil helps me up some stairs and brings me in.

"Halt foul evil! Who dares enter this sacred domain with cursed artifacts from long ago!"
"Can it Arthur, it's just I, Madam Ann and two friends who happened to get stuck with some cursed junk that needs purification."
"Purification indeed. There is a strong and foul feeling creeping within those earring your friend wears. You know my fees for something like this Ann."
"And what'll be the damage for two purifications today ya nut."
"Two! You need me to do two purifications. Oh this is easily going to cost you ten bags of the usual."
"You'll do it for eight bags or you can forget coming with me on the excavation next year."
"Th! That's not fair! Do you understand how draining it is to do this not once, but twice in a day?"
"Do you realize how tight my budget is right now? I could always sell your spot to some new fool and profit off of his stupidity and not worry about closing up shop."
"V..very well then, eight bags it shall be. Now I see only one of you is wearing something cursed, who else has been cursed?"
"I caught that this pair here has also been cursed before either of them put these on. Can you purify them without someone wearing them?"
"I'll need another bag of-"
"Oh for the love-! Fine here I'll put the damn things on just hurry up and get this done with."
"Follow me to the back sacred room in the back. Have your friend wait here, it'll only take a few moments."
>>
No. 691373 ID: 15a025
File 145178862384.png - (7.08KB , 800x600 , magic color.png )
691373

Madam Ann guides me into the back room while this Arthur guy shouts some corny mumbo jumbo on the way. After he finishes his little chant or whatever he seats us and starts shouting some more crap.
"Alright, preparations are complete. Before I move onto the final step here, I am going to warn you ahead of time that this is going to be extremely painful for all of us here. On the count of three I will fire the holy light at the two off you. It is very important you stay still and don't get up or else. Ready?"

"Just get on with it!"
"1...2...3, be gone ye evil who dares to haunt these two innocent creatures of earth!"
A loud booming sound echoes through the room on the last word and is followed by a burning pain raging through my skull. It'd be almost enough to make you want to puke your guts out. Then just as soon as it started it, it stops. The room is quiet again other than Arthur wheezing and panting like he just ran a marathon or something.

"You two still alive there?"
"Yeah I think so, how about you Ann?"
"You call that extremely painful Arthur? I had worse pains getting my rabies shot last month. Come on sheep girl let's get going here."
"Halt! We...we aren't done yet. That was a very high powered curse. I doubt it hasn't left a mark on your souls during its stay. I need you two to wear these enchanted collars for a week to ward off any lingering effects that may have rubbed on to you. I've got them all sorts of different colors so just say the word and I'll go grab them for you."
Ah man, I got wear a stupid ass color for a week? Well shit, what color should I have him get me?
>>
No. 691410 ID: d0868f

Uh, what do curses do to souls?

Do they have any effect on insubstantial spirits? We can't exactly wear collars.

>Ah man, I got wear a stupid ass color for a week? Well shit, what color should I have him get me?
Um, well it's not like we've seen what you wear. You're a sheep, right? So black or white wool? In the later case, black goes with almost anything and contrasts with white. In the former, a nice candy red would work well, with bonus points for the name pun.
>>
No. 691507 ID: 15a025
File 145183935963.png - (5.89KB , 800x600 , collar with a bell.png )
691507

>Uh, what do curses do to souls? Do they have any effect on insubstantial spirits? We can't exactly wear collars.
I don't think can harm you, not so sure about myself though.
"Hey what exactly do curses do to souls?"
"Well it's a little complicated to explain so let me just give you a worse case situation instead. Worst case is you wake up one morning and find you've turned into a hellish looking chimera thing and go on a mass murdering spree."
"Has that actually ever happened though?"
"Yes, though I'd rather not talk about it much. It's pretty personal."

>Um, well it's not like we've seen what you wear. You're a sheep, right? So black or white wool? In the later case, black goes with almost anything and contrasts with white. In the former, a nice candy red would work well, with bonus points for the name pun.
I've got white wool so looks like a nice black will do.
"Got'em in black?"
"Yup!, as for you Madam?"
"Just give me whatever. I don't care."
"Purple it is then. Let me rush off and grab them."
Guess he really did rush and grab them as he's already back before I even notice he left to get them.
"Need some help getting it on?"
"Yeah it's be nice if you could put it on for...wait what's that little jingling noise I hear?"
"That would be the bell attached to the collar, it's ringing helps keep you pure and safe from evil."
For crying out loud this has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever had to put on. I feel like a fucking farm sheep now.
"Alright all I need to do know is fill out a temporary license for you to be wearing this thing around and show this collar isn't just a fashion statement of yours. I'll be needing these back next week, just give yours to Madam Ann and she'll deliver it to me."
"So can we get going? We're pretty much all done here then?"
"Yup. Just wait by the entrance and I'll have these licenses for the two of you momentarily."

Madam Ann helps me out of the back room and we have a seat on a bench by the front door.
"What's with the goofy looking collar Candy?"
"It's some stupid enchanted collar thing I gotta wear for a week to keep the curse from coming back or something."
"At least you look kind of cute with it on. I kind of like it actually."
"Anyway we have to wait for that guy to come back with a temporary license so I can walk out with this thing on."
"Sorry to keep you two waiting here you go. Anything else I can do to help out?"
"Nope, so can we get going now?"
"You may. Drive safely now, there's a pretty wicked snow storm coming."

We all haul back into the car and drive off. Soon enough another news alert blasts of the radio.
"We bring you another critical news update on the kidnapping of Princess Bijou! The still unknown group has demanded the King give them top secret documents on some new weapon that's in the works. The group said they will start performing 'experiments' on the princess should he fail to comply with these demands by the end of the week. That is all we have for now, please stayed tuned incase further details come out."
Those morons are out for some stupid ass weapon and not money or the treasure? How lame.
"Hey Sybil I'm getting pretty tired back here so I'm just going to start taking a nap. Wake me up if there's another news update or we get back home."
"Sure thing Candy."
>>
No. 691508 ID: 15a025
File 145183945132.png - (3.43KB , 800x600 , music.png )
691508

It's hard to doze off with the sounds of two of these stupid bells ringing all the time from bouncing around on this bumpy road but I'm out after awhile and start dreaming about a time me and my bff from high school were hanging out at my father's camp.
"You okay Candy?"
"Yeah I'm fine, just a few scrapes that's all."
"Y..you sure? Your face is all scratched and bleeding a bit, maybe we should head back and get you patched up."
"Nah I'm fine, really. I'm more worried about our stuff in the bag being fine honestly."
"Yeah it would be unfortunate if our flutes broke before the big school concert next week."
"Well enough chit chat let's get going, this meadow I'm bringing you to is a perfect place to practice."
"I still can't believe there's a place in Talvi where it doesn't snow at all."
"I know right? Doesn't it feel weird running around in just a shirt a shirt and shorts outside?"
"It does! Oh hey is that the spot up there?"
"Yup. Race you there!"
"Hey Candy! Candy!"
"What is it B-?"
"WAKE UP!"

"Candy wake up we're back on the campus."
"Already? I must of really been really out of it there."
"Well let's hurry in, it's storming out pretty bad and the heat in the car stopped working after I dropped Madam Ann off at her shop."
>>
No. 691509 ID: 15a025
File 145183949748.png - (5.80KB , 800x600 , candys letter.png )
691509

Shoot, looks like we're going to have to get that looked at later now. I hop out of the car the and Sybil helps me run inside. Of course the first thing I hear when we get is the receptionist asking what's with collar and bell. I pull out the license and show it to her.
"Okay carry on, oh wait you're miss Kane yes?"
"Yeah, why do you ask?"
"You've got mail."
Who the heck sent me some mail? I'd go pull open my mail box and check but I don't got the key for it on me right now.

"Hey Candy you getting hungry? If you are why don't we head off to my room and go make some dinner?"
Some food would be greet, haven't eaten anything all day today. Not sure if I should go eat now or have Sybil help me get the key to my mail box though. I'm kind of curious about who'd send me some mail?"
>>
No. 691521 ID: d0868f

>Worst case is you wake up one morning and find you've turned into a hellish looking chimera thing and go on a mass murdering spree.
Well. Um. That sucks!

>mail
If you get help retrieving the mail, you'd need to accept having it read to you too, due to the blindness. Maybe you should wait to see if you can see tomorrow, in case it's sensitive?

Go get food.
>>
No. 691547 ID: 15a025
File 145186343895.png - (5.19KB , 800x600 , pizza party anyone.png )
691547

>Well. Um. That sucks!
Yeah I guess it's a good thing I didn't end up giving those to Rainy and got them appraised instead. Kind of scary thinking we could of turned into some creepy monster thing. Looks like I kind of owe you spirits my life for helping out there.

>If you get help retrieving the mail, you'd need to accept having it read to you too, due to the blindness. Maybe you should wait to see if you can see tomorrow, in case it's sensitive?
Can't really think of any mail I'd get that should only be seen and read by myself. Still it'd be nice to read my own mail without help. We'll see what tomorrow brings us.

>Go get food.
"Sure, what are we having for dinner?"
"Whatever I still have in the fridge."
"Sweet, mystery dinner it is then. Let's get going."
"You're not going to check your mail first?"
"Don't have the key to my mailbox on me right now. Even if I did I couldn't see what they wrote."
"Ah good point. Maybe now that the curse has been lifted your sight will start coming back?"
"It better come back soon. Getting a little tired of needing everyone's help to do anything around here."
"What'll you do if it doesn't?"
"I...I don't know."
"Well hey, let's head up and go have something eat."

Sybil holds my arm but I push it away. Keep forgetting I've got your blindar as you called it to help get around.
"I think I can manage on my own here. Just tell me if I'm about crash into something."
The walk up to the dorm room was mostly a quiet one other than a few "watch out for the wall" or "going this way" and that damn bell.
"And we're here, come on in and make yourself at home. Want me to show you were the couch is?"
"Yeah."
Sybil walks me over to the couch and I lay down.
"So what's in the fridge?"
"I can make mash potatoes or a big salad for dinner. I've also got some apples if you'd like one?"
Slim pickings tonight. Should I just offer to order some pizza instead?
>>
No. 691561 ID: d0868f

>Should I just offer to order some pizza instead?
All you had in your wallet for cash for the 50 you spent on the appraisal, wasn't it? Unless you have something else, you can't afford to order pizza. And it seems kind of rude to force her to foot the bill after she helped you get around today.
>>
No. 691670 ID: 7b65b9

Well sheep eat greens, so the salad is the obvious choice.
>>
No. 691682 ID: 15a025
File 145194285348.png - (15.28KB , 800x600 , This doesn't look like a phone at all does it.png )
691682

>All you had in your wallet for cash for the 50 you spent on the appraisal, wasn't it? Unless you have something else, you can't afford to order pizza. And it seems kind of rude to force her to foot the bill after she helped you get around today.
Madam Ann gave me a refund since the earrings were cursed remember? But yeah it might be rude even if I have the cash, for all I know Sybil might be able to make a mean bowl of salad or plate of mash potatoes.

>Well sheep eat greens, so the salad is the obvious choice.
"I'm game for some salad."
"Salad it is then, do you like yours plain or with some dressing?"
"Do you have ranch dressing?"
"Mmm...yup. What kind of stuff you like in your salad? I can stick some carrots, tomatoes, or cheese in it if you'd like?"
"Throw some carrots in there as well."
"Alright, you sit tight while I prepare for dinner then."

I doze off for a bit while she's busy is the kitchen. Sybil decides the best way to wake me up is by ringing that stupid bell on that collar.
"Dinners on!"
She sets the bowl of salad on my lap and gives me a fork.
"Want me to squirt some ranch dressing on for you or think you can handle that?"
"I can manage."
Sybil hands me the bottle and I try to squirt just a little bit in case I end up missing the bowl.
"Careful Candy! You got some ranch dressing on the couch."
Wops. Maybe she should handle this instead.
"Shit, maybe you should handle this."

"Here ya go. How is it?"
"It's not that bad actually. Where did you learn how to cook?"
"Self taught."
"Get out, your totally taking cooking classes or something."
"No, really I kind of just mess around in the kitchen every now and then. If you think this lousy salad is tasty you should try some of the cakes I cook every now and then."
"You bake cakes as well? Why haven't you ever shared some with me?"
"I'm still trying to perfect my own recipe."
"Well tell me when you make some more, I love cake."
"Sure, you can be my first taste tester next time."

After finishing dinner the PA goes off.
"Could Candy Kane and Sybil Warez please come to the front office. You two have a phone call."
A phone call for us? Who the hell could that be? I've never given out any info like the college phone number or any kind of phone number to someone before. I'm sure the college is going to put this on my monthly bill if we take the call as well. Should we go down and take the call or leave'em hanging?
>>
No. 691685 ID: 7b65b9

If you never gave the college number, it's probably someone who has been the the college before. Maybe it's Rainy.
>>
No. 691692 ID: d0868f

It's probably relevant. Whoever's calling knows the two are of you are together, which you've only been doing today. Answer it.
>>
No. 691709 ID: 15a025
File 145195580855.png - (12.69KB , 800x600 , cant say.png )
691709

>It's probably relevant. Whoever's calling knows the two are of you are together, which you've only been doing today. Answer it.
>If you never gave the college number, it's probably someone who has been to the college before. Maybe it's Rainy.
Alright I'll go accept the call, but I'm forwarding the charges to you guys if it's some weirdo.

"Welp, let's go find out who are mystery caller is Sybil."
"Maybe it's Madam Ann?"
Sybil grabs my arm and the two of us rush downstairs before the office hangs up. They only give you five minutes to answer any calls you get. When we get down and barge into the office, the secretary asks if we're the ones that were called down.
"Yup, here's my student I.D."
"Alright head into the phone booth you two. Keep in mind calls are $2 per minute so unless your pockets are deep keep it short."
"Candy do you want to talk first or should I?"
"Yeah sure."

Sybil hands me the phone.
"Hello? Who is this?
Nothing but static comes from the phone. Did they already hang up?
"Hey who is this?"
"Cand- that y-?"
Whoever this is must be in a low reception spot or something.
"Yes this is Candy. Who are you?"
"It's me Rai-! I'm so ha-y to fina- get a hol- of you."
"Rainy! Sybil it's Rainy! I'm happy to talk to you as well. Listen I want you to make a speedy recovery and hang in there, we miss you and hope you come back soon."
"Abo- that. Lis- I don't think I'm going to-!"
"Don't talk like that Rainy! You'll be fine, I know you will."
"No, listen Can-. I mean t- say I won't be com- back. At least n- for a few more months."
"It's that bad huh?"
"I wish you kn- the half of it. Is Syb- he-?"
"Yeah, you wanna talk to her?"
"Yes plea-."

I hand the phone to Sybil
"Hey Rainy how are things going? I heard about you in the school news. Hope you get better buddy. Think me and Candy could come visit you sometime? Oh, you're...you're where? Oh you can't say where? No...no visitors allowed? Bummer. You must pretty lonely. Okay, hope you get well soon. Bye bye!"
I hear Sybil slam the phone on the hook or whatever it is and hangs up.
"Everything alright Sybil?"
"Yeah. Kind stinks we can't go visit her though."
"Yeah that is pretty lame. Hey think you could bring me back up to my dorm room? I'm getting pretty tired tiered from this long ass day."
"Sure thing. Hitting the hay early tonight?"
"Mmmm hmmm."
"Alright let's get you to bed then sleepy head."

As we walk out of the phone booth the secretary hollers to us.
"That'll be $10 please, or shall I put it on one of your monthly student bill?"
"Ah don't sweat it Syb, put it on my bill please."
"Very well. Have a nice night girls."
Sybil walks me back to my dorm room. Man all this walking is killing me here, I'm practically out of breath by the time we get to my place.
"Need help getting into bed?"
"It's fine, I can handle it. Goodnight Sybil, thanks for helping me out today."
"No problem, see you in the morning."
Sybil walks out and the door shuts. Now that I'm all alone again I can finally cave into my addictions here and have a smoke or a nice bottle of wine. Not really sure what I want to indulge on first though?
>>
No. 691716 ID: d0868f

Geeze, why are phone calls so expensive for you guys.

>Now that I'm all alone again I can finally cave into my addictions here and have a smoke or a nice bottle of wine. Not really sure what I want to indulge on first though?
Smokes?
>>
No. 691816 ID: 3641d4

Let's blaze it up!
>>
No. 691861 ID: 15a025
File 145202791635.png - (10.38KB , 800x600 , let's blaze it.png )
691861

>Geeze, why are phone calls so expensive for you guys.
Our priorities with technology are pretty weird around here. We've had the same phone system for a good hundred something years and the newest phone line getting setup I heard of was at my elementary school back when I was in second grade. There's cell phones and stuff here but they are extremely expensive as they're all made and imported from some other countries in the east. Anyway phone calls are only expensive here at the college because no-one wants to go drive out to town and look for a phone.

>Let's blaze it up!
I pull my lighter out of my pant pocket and shuffle around the counter top to find where I put my special homemade brand peppermint cigarettes. After finding one I quickly light that shit. Oh how it's been so long since I've had one of these bad boys. I jam it in my mouth but spit it right out, something doesn't taste or smell right. I feel around the counter to pick it back up but can't find it now. Maybe it fell on to the...wood floor! Oh please be put out, please be out. I start crawling around the floor feeling around and trying to sniff it out but the smell of smoke is starting to fill the room. Starting to think we might have started a fire here. Uh... any ideas on how to get out of this mess?
>>
No. 691873 ID: d0868f

Huh, a fire shouldn't start that quick on treated hardwood from a cigarette. You said it didn't taste right- maybe some kind of accelerant?

>Uh... any ideas on how to get out of this mess?
Not being able to see the fire is a hindrance in putting it out before it gets too big too control. Um. Can we switch the blindar over to heat-vision, I wonder?

I doubt you have a fire extinguisher in your room- is there a heavy quilt or blanket on your bed? If the fire hasn't gotten too big yet, you could smother it by throwing it over it. (And unlike feeling around with your hands, if it's big enough you don't need to be as accurate).

If you can't put it out / after you might have it controlled, you need to leave the room and shut the door to slow it down from spreading, while you sound the fire alarm so people can get out (if it's too big), or you get to the nearest fire extinguisher so we can make sure it's good and out (get help from someone sighted?).

Make sure you grab your coat on the way out, if the dorm goes up, you're going to be trapped in the cold.
>>
No. 691887 ID: 7b65b9

Well, it looks like you're getting more of a smoke than you bargained for. Maybe someone's in the rooms nearby, so try calling for help.
>>
No. 691906 ID: 15a025
File 145204663227.png - (25.02KB , 800x600 , is that smoke i smell.png )
691906

>Huh, a fire shouldn't start that quick on treated hardwood from a cigarette. You said it didn't taste right- maybe some kind of accelerant?
That's could be why it tasted weird, only problem is I make my own cigarettes. I'd throw the theory someone's out to get me but no one other than Rainy and a few of my clients down at the club know I smoke. Not to mention on top of that...I'm just wasting valuable time aren't I?

>Can we switch the blindar over to heat-vision, I wonder?
I barely know how these earrings work, let alone how to control magic like that.

>is there a heavy quilt or blanket on your bed? If the fire hasn't gotten too big yet, you could smother it by throwing it over it. (And unlike feeling around with your hands, if it's big enough you don't need to be as accurate).
This might work! I've got a fairly decent sized blanket on the bed that might just do the job.
I try to get to the bed as safely and quickly as possible and secure the blanket. After that I rush back to the counter and throw the blanket over where I think the fire is.

>If you can't put it out / after you might have it controlled, you need to leave the room and shut the door to slow it down from spreading, while you sound the fire alarm so people can get out (if it's too big), or you get to the nearest fire extinguisher so we can make sure it's good and out (get help from someone sighted?). Make sure you grab your coat on the way out, if the dorm goes up, you're going to be trapped in the cold.
You spirits can think of everything! Thankfully my coat is hanging right up by the door...that's stuck! It won't push open! Oh wait duh, it pulls open instead of pushing it open. With a coat in hand I rush out the door.

>Well, it looks like you're getting more of a smoke than you bargained for. Maybe someone's in the rooms nearby, so try calling for help.
Not a bad idea, Let's try pounding on the neighbor's door and yelling for help.
"Quiet! Trying to study in here!"
Fine, have fun burning out from studying so hard in there then. I start pounding on the next door yelling fire, thankfully this time someone answers and opens the door.
"Quick where's the fire alarm or a fire extinguisher or something my room's on fire!"
"Your room's on fire! Oh hold on I'll go pull the alarm you get downstairs and tell the office there's a fire up here."

I brush up against the wall and start feeling for the railing to hold onto for going down the stairs. Once back down to the main floor I kind of panic and start yelling fire on the second floor, fire on the second floor as the alarm buzzes. So uh... now what?
>>
No. 691908 ID: 7b65b9

You go back to get that drink of wine of course.
>>
No. 691912 ID: d0868f

>I barely know how these earrings work, let alone how to control magic like that.
Sorry, I was hoping that would do it. These things sort of run on intuition on our end. We try stuff and it (usually) just happens.

>So uh... now what?
I, uh, wait around to see if the fire gets put out before the building goes up? You contained it, you warned people, you got out. That's the checklist.

Sucks about your stuff. And they the fire department will probably find your drugs and/or booze, which you're probably not supposed to have in a dorm room. (I guess you could leave the seen, but that probably won't end well either).
>>
No. 691975 ID: 3641d4

You don goofed. Better start praying your secret stash of drugs burns down with your room.
>>
No. 692008 ID: 15a025
File 145211764360.png - (5.46KB , 800x600 , 2 hours left.png )
692008

>You go back to get that drink of wine of course.
I might love my whine, but not enough to go risk my life for a few cheap bottles of it.

>I, uh, wait around to see if the fire gets put out before the building goes up? You contained it, you warned people, you got out. That's the checklist.
Guess that's all I can really do here.

>Sucks about your stuff. And they the fire department will probably find your drugs and/or booze, which you're probably not supposed to have in a dorm room. (I guess you could leave the scene, but that probably won't end well either).
Yeah, thankfully I've got my more rare films and stuff back home. Hoping all my little "sweets" end up burning away in the fire as well. As for them finding my whine I think I can talk my way around getting in trouble for that. Maybe I can try to explain it's for some bogus religious dinner ritual. Still might get a small slap on the wrist for not informing them about something like that though...

A storm of hurried footsteps and loud group of panicked shouting enters the main lobby.
"Someone call the cops or the authorities! There's a time bomb in the student lounge!"
Oh great, just great. We've got not only a fire in the building now but a time bomb on top of that. The secretary starts blowing a whistle to silence everyone. She starts yelling, her voice sounds like she smokes a good six packs a day.
"Alright listen up! Everyone needs to stop shouting things. Good. Now you, you said something about a time bomb in the student lounge, where in the lounge is it?"
"It's...it's behind the gray couch, the one by the T.V."
"Alright, everyone get outside I'm calling up the cops!"

The PA goes off almost instantly after she says that. A strong and menacing voices echoes through the speaker. They sound like some kind of war lord or tough dictator kind of guy.

"Good evening foolish students of whatever this damn learning institute is called. Some of you may have noticed by now that there are a few bombs lurking around in the shadows of your sleeping quarters or in the bathrooms, or even in the kitchens, or maybe you didn't even know about them till now. Anyway they're all going to blow up in a good two hours unless our demands are met. First off, we'd like little Bow peep's sheep, Candy Kane to head on down across the parking lot. We know you're in there. Our second demand is that you bring us a fucking can of coffee and none of that cheap shit either. We'll talk from there. Also, if we see any cop cars pull up or any of you little shits try to make a run for we're blowing this damn place to the pits of hell. I'd hurry up as well, just because those bombs are going to blow up in less than two hours doesn't mean you can take your time screwing around making up a plan. Not with that fire burning up the place at least."

Well this is just great. This is just fucking great. I'm really close to heading over there and giving these big shots some good old ass kicking. Thankfully I've got you guys around to help me out here. Got some kind of game plan or am I just walking there with their stupid can of coffee for now?

In case you're wondering suggestions are NOT being timed.
>>
No. 692017 ID: 7b65b9

I doubt they'll agree, but I think on the off chance everything doesn't work out, you should get the entire school to search around for bombs on the inside, and you stall for time. That way if the bombs go off, they still might find most of the bombs, and can take them out of the area and minimize the damages.
If they are motion sensitive or stuck to the school, then scrap that idea, and try to look for a way to diffuse the bombs from where your enemies are.
And who knows? Maybe they actually have reasonable demands, and you can just comply with them?
>>
No. 692022 ID: 54d6e0

I think the "someone is out to get you" theory just gained a whole lot of credibility.

Also no one is gonna accuse you of arson, or care about your drugs.

>Also, if we see any cop cars pull up
Um. Someone already called the cops. And pulled the fire alarm. First responders are minutes away, I would assume.

>Our second demand is that you bring us a fucking can of coffee and none of that cheap shit either
Where the hell is anyone getting coffee. The dorm is burning behind us.

>Thankfully I've got you guys around to help me out here. Got some kind of game plan or am I just walking there with their stupid can of coffee for now?
Well the obvious thing to do is to stall. First responders will be here soon, although then it turns into a drawn out hostage situation.

We don't really have the tools to end this ourselves, or quickly. Although if you could cut the lights, or blind the opposition, you'd actually have an advantage over them. Too bad we don't have a flash grenade or a chemistry experiment handy.

...is there anything we can use if you pool resources with your fellow delinquents?

>>692017
I don't think you can send students to search burning buildings for bombs. There's no telling if they're safe to move, and it's more than likely something will go wrong. Unless we assume whoever's behind this is already planning to kill everyone, that will likely only serve to increase casualties.
>>
No. 692030 ID: 15a025
File 145213160454.png - (6.32KB , 800x600 , 140 left.png )
692030

>I think the "someone is out to get you" theory just gained a whole lot of credibility. Also no one is gonna accuse you of arson, or care about your drugs.
I better not.

>Um. Someone already called the cops. And pulled the fire alarm. First responders are minutes away, I would assume.
The secretary lady comes back from the phone booth and starts trying to get everyone's attention again.
"Bad news, they must have shut down the phone lines or something. Can't get a single call through to any of the emergency numbers."
Well so much for the cops showing up right away. That might actually be a good thing though, the bombs might be able to be detonated from a remote as well. There's always the fire department though. Who knows, maybe the fire will cause the cops to show up in the long wrong.

>We don't really have the tools to end this ourselves, or quickly. Although if you could cut the lights, or blind the opposition, you'd actually have an advantage over them. Too bad we don't have a flash grenade
>or a chemistry experiment handy.
Okay I got to give you props for being able to joke a bit in this situation. Anyway let's see if we can't cut off the power over where they're at.
"Hey is it possible to go cut the power or lights to the main building over there from here?"
"Unfortunately for us the generator and all that is over in the main building. It's probably how they shut our phone down as well. Who knows how soon it'll be before they try killing the power on us."
There goes another good idea...

> ...is there anything we can use if you pool resources with your fellow delinquents?
Most of the trouble makers who would carry around the fun stuff are probably out causing trouble instead of being in trouble here. Let's see what everyone's got anyway.
"Anyone in here have anything useful on them?"
A couple of students approach me.
"I saved you some time and grabbed a can of coffee out of the other room there."
"Not sure if you'll even get the chance to use it but you can borrow my butterfly knife."
"In case things get little too hot over there take this pack of condoms with you. Better safe than sorry am I right?"
"Here's a walking stick, heard you kind of blinded yourself like a moron the other day in chem so you might need this to get over to the parking lot safely."

Well this is better than nothing I guess. Oh hey, think I hear the fire truck sirens, and now the PA is going off again.
"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Looks like the fire department somehow found about our little fire. What are we going to now? It'd be a shame if a group of armed attackers just happened to rush out and kill the fire men now wouldn't it. Maybe even a few students as well, of course that can all be avoided if you just come over to the main building and have a nice chat with us Candy. We promise to spare you as long as you co-operate with us. You've only got an hour and forty minutes left on the clock as well."

Now they're going to even kill the fire department! This is getting to be a heated situation, in more ways than one.
"What are you standing around for Candy! Get your ass down there before he kills us all!"
"Are you stupid or something? You got what you need now get out there before they shoot us all up!"
Any last words of advice here before the whole college turns on me and kicks me to the curb?
>>
No. 692043 ID: dbf021

>"What are you standing around for Candy! Get your ass down there before he kills us all!"
>"Are you stupid or something? You got what you need now get out there before they shoot us all up!"
Wow, no one going "no, you can't go! They'll just kill you or something terrible" or "we'll give up the only bargaining chip we have" or "we can't surrender our students / residents / classmates to terrorists". Jeeeeerks.

>Any last words of advice here before the whole college turns on me and kicks me to the curb?
Walking stick is more of a disguised weapon or tool, since you don't actually need it to get around. If you get a chance, you might use it to smash a light in a room, blinding the badies and giving you a window of opportunity.

Condoms aren't just a joke, they're balloons! Unfortunately, I can't think of a good way to use that right now- we don't have any useful chemicals to fill them with. You could make coffee balloons, but that's not great.

I half wish we still had a cursed object to try and plant on them, but we didn't really do anything noticeable to you in a day, and we don't have that long.

Hot coffee is a weapon to be thrown in faces or laps. Coffee grounds or beans could still be thrown in someone's eyes, and at worst case a can to the head will hurt.

Um, if they actually want you alive, holding yourself hostage with the knife might give you leverage. But that's a pretty risky play when we don't know what's motivating these people.
>>
No. 692058 ID: 3641d4

Worst comes to worst maybe they'll let you have some kinky sex with them before they kill you.
>>
No. 692075 ID: 15a025
File 145220509355.png - (11.52KB , 800x600 , hallway.png )
692075

>Wow, no one going "no, you can't go! They'll just kill you or something terrible" or "we'll give up the only bargaining chip we have" or "we can't surrender our students / residents / classmates to terrorists". Jeeeeerks.
See if I ever supply them with goods again after this. Assholes...

>Worst comes to worst maybe they'll let you have some kinky sex with them before they kill you.
Yeah, no. Not how'd I like to go out in life. Sorry.

>Walking stick is more of a disguised weapon or tool, since you don't actually need it to get around. If you get a chance, you might use it to smash a light in a room, blinding the badies and giving you a window of opportunity.
Unless they've somehow got magic guide spirits as well, this seems like a good plan.

>Condoms aren't just a joke, they're balloons! Unfortunately, I can't think of a good way to use that right now- we don't have any useful chemicals to fill them with. You could make coffee balloons, but that's not great.
Don't think coffee bean balloons are going to do much but using them as a "water balloon" type weapon might help if we find anything to fill them up with.

>Hot coffee is a weapon to be thrown in faces or laps. Coffee grounds or beans could still be thrown in someone's eyes, and at worst case a can to the head will hurt.
Only problem with projectiles here is even with sight I've got a terrible aim. Had a lot better luck with knives and my own fists than with guns or rocks.

>Um, if they actually want you alive, holding yourself hostage with the knife might give you leverage. But that's a pretty risky play when we don't know what's motivating these people.
I am getting the feeling they want me to stay alive. This might end up being my ace in the hole. Better wait and see what these psychopaths want first though.
With all our second hand gear, I storm out and use the walking stick to help me dodge any parked cars. No offense but this blindar isn't very good when you're on the run. Seems to pick things up better when you're standing still verses running around. Oh and of course this stupid ass bell is jingling around as well. Looks like I can forget anything dealing with the element of surprise as well.

It's a bit but I make it to the front door and get stopped by two guards.
"Halt! Make no movements while I radio in that you've arrived."
"Whatever floats your boat there pal."
"You little shit, hey she knows about the boat too! Alright follow me, and leave that stick out here, be a shame if you tried clubbing anyone with that."
"Hey man I need this stick to get around."
"You're legs don't seem broken to me, cut the crap and leave it out here."
"No you moron. I'm ugh, never mind. Just lead the way already so we can get this done and over with."
Sir-hasnobrain over here rips the stick away from me and tosses it somewhere. Then he squeezes my arm and takes me away somewhere. Seems worth noting that he's got claws as well, they hurt like hell.
"While we're on our way up to the boss, I'd like to know how the hell you know about 'the boat.'"
"Well you see, it's quite easy actually. You're the one who told me about it just now."
"Very funny, but nice try! Alright here's where the boss is, you've got the coffee right?"
I show bird-brain here the can I've been carrying around this whole time.
"Alright let me just open this up and make sure it isn't a bomb or anything else dangerous. Looks safe enough. Alright you can go in now."
I stand still and look the other way for a few seconds. Just as I thought, the blindar kicks in a nice clear image for me. from the looks of it there's a good few other guards standing around in silence.
"Hey I said to go in now!"
"No, you said I can go in now. Meaning I don't have to go in yet, just that I may enter now."
"Alright then smartass, get in there and start talking with the boss before I take this sword and make a nice wool blanket out of you."
"Alright mister grumpy guard. You going to just stand there then or are you going to open the door for me?"
"Open it yourself, you've got two functioning arms."
"Oh, ouch. Giving your guest the cold shoulder here? No wonder you're single."
"Oh my lord! How do you know so much about us!!!"

Alright I've had enough of this idiot. Time's probably ticking away on those bombs as well so I better go in and start negotiating with their boss.
>>
No. 692076 ID: 15a025
File 145220521787.png - (15.05KB , 800x600 , some great symbolism here am I right.png )
692076

I slowly walk in as a familiar voice echoes through the room.
"Good, you did show up after all. I see you brought the coffee I asked for. Gastroo! Take the coffee can and go make some."
"Y...yes Mr.Bossman! Right away! Ah, how do you like your coffee mam?"
Oh wow, his helper sounds like push over.
"I like my coffee sweet. Got any sugar cubes, sugar cube?"
"D..do I bring out the cubes for her?"
"Yes, bring the whole damn container of them."
"Err...right away then!"
The can of coffee is gently taken away from and the little helper boy or whatever leaves the room.

"So what the hell you want from me that you'd be willing to blow up the whole damn college for? I sure as hell hope it wasn't over a can of coffee."
"You fool! Do you even understand just how perfect that college's coffee is! It's the best damn coffee in the world and they refuse to sell it to non students. How else could I get this glorious treasure! No you imbecile of course this isn't why you're here!"
"Well you going to fill me in here on your demands or something or we just going to sit here talking about coffee?"
"Let's cut to the chase then. You're good friends with a little blind deer named Rainy yes?"
"Acquaintances is a better term for our relationship. We only met at the bar the night before school started for the year. Why do you ask?"
"Oh I think you're more than just acquaintances. I know you two hang out all time, well until she ended up disappearing one night. Which brings us to my next question and demand, tell me where she ran off to!"

Shit, this guys after Rainy! There's no way I can tell him where she's hiding even I really did know. Uh, hey you spirits seem like you know Rainy better than I do. What should I tell this guy?
>>
No. 692081 ID: dbf021

>sword
Who the hell walks around with a sword.

>How else could I get this glorious treasure!
Start a black market buying secondhand from students? They need cash you need produce, there's a market. (Thinking like the dealer you are).

It's certainly less risk and hassle than a bomb threat. And you can do it more than once.

...or you could just steal the recipe. Or pay off their supplier.

(They're bad at this criminal stuff, methinks).

>Shit, this guys after Rainy! There's no way I can tell him where she's hiding even I really did know. Uh, hey you spirits seem like you know Rainy better than I do. What should I tell this guy?
Even if we wanted to, we couldn't give you an exact location either. "The woods" is pretty damn vague, and that's where we last knew. We don't even know in which state!

I suppose your options are to convince him you really don't know (which might just make him angry, and suddenly you're not worth as much alive) or to come up with a convincing lie to send them off on a wild goose chase. Which... is tough for us, since we don't exactly know the local geography.

Where would a company with secret projects spirit someone away to? Somewhere remote.
>>
No. 692087 ID: 7b65b9

Well, no matter what we tell him, he's probably going to keep us hostage and keep the bombs up until he's sure we were telling the truth, so we'll probably not be able to convince him to just let us go, and since we don't know where Rainy really is, he'll probably dispose of us when he finds out we aren't useful to him. He also might try to use us to lure Rainy out, either way it's not looking good for us. I think you should come up with a convincing lie of somewhere far away and hard to search through, and while they search, try to find a way to disarm the bombs and escape.
>>
No. 692092 ID: 15a025
File 145222124648.png - (8.39KB , 800x600 , warm beverage.png )
692092

>Who the hell walks around with a sword.
Someone who can't aim very well with a gun, or maybe guns are expensive where they come from.

>Start a black market buying secondhand from students? They need cash you need produce, there's a market. (Thinking like the dealer you are). It's certainly less risk and hassle than a bomb threat. And you can do it more than once.

>...or you could just steal the recipe. Or pay off their supplier. (They're bad at this criminal stuff, methinks).
I think the whole thing about the coffee was just him joking around.

The door opens and little pushover servant guy comes in with our coffee. Nothing like the smell of coffee in the middle of some high stakes negotiating.
"H..here you go miss."
"Hey, where's my sugar cubes?"
"Damn it! I hope you didn't forget her fucking sugar cubes you worthless maggot!"
"Ack! T..there r...right here!"
"Ah yeah now we're talking! Stick ten...no no wait, stick thirteen of those bad boys in my coffee would ya please?"
"Thirteen cubes of sugar! Are you insane! How can you even call it coffee at that point?"
"You're right, what was a thinking here. Make it twenty cubes."
"Twenty cubes! You're practically drinking pure sugar at that point!"
"What can I say, I love me my sugar. Got them all in there?"
"Y...yes miss. I've stirred them in as well."
"You're so sweet. Welp, bottoms up ya pansy coffee drinker."
I chug down the entire coffee mug in one go.
"T..this is impossible! How can you possibly enjoy a drink like that?"
"Tis a secret."

"Well enough stalling here, where's that deer hiding out?"
>Even if we wanted to, we couldn't give you an exact location either. "The woods" is pretty damn vague, and that's where we last knew. We don't even know in which state!
I'm guessing this whole hospital thing is just a news cover up then right? Well, that means she must be okay then.
>I suppose your options are to convince him you really don't know (which might just make him angry, and suddenly you're not worth as much alive) or to come up with a convincing lie to send them off on a wild goose chase. Which... is tough for us, since we don't exactly know the local geography.
>Where would a company with secret projects spirit someone away to? Somewhere remote.
Okay so telling him we don't know is clearly no longer safe option. Wait, was it ever safe to begin with? Seems like my only option is start spewing off some bs and try to get him to go on a wild goose chase. To do that though I think knowing why he needs Rainy in the first place could help.

"Alright I'll spill some beans if you're willing to spill some first. What do you want with Rainy?"
"Hmm... I can't tell if you're just stalling for time here or if you really don't know what's going on here. I suppose I can play your little game for now. You see, your 'deer' friend Rainy has the plans for a top secret government weapon prototype and we want them!"
Wait a second here... where have I heard this before?

>"We bring you another critical news update on the kidnapping of Princess Bijou! The still unknown group has demanded the King give them top secret documents on some new weapon that's in the works."
Sounds like we got the group who's responsible for kidnapping the princess in the room. That'd also explain that moron freaking out over a boat, or in this case the ships.

"Quit stalling and tell me where that sneaky little shit ran off to!"
"I'm honestly surprised you haven't figured this all out yet. Man, you're stupider than you sound you know that."
"Why you! I outta blow that damn school up right now for that little comment! Start explaining!"
"Well you see there captain trigger happy. She's already delivered those plans to the base, not to mention they've already got it built and given out to all the high ranking officers in the state. Rainy isn't the only one who skipped town either. All those high ranking officers I just mentioned? Yeah they're all gone testing out their new toys and making them better."
"Oh everyone's all gone eh? So you're telling me no one is guarding that top secret lab then? Trying to get me to launch an attack and fall into a trap eh! Do I look like a fool to you?"
"If you thought no one was going to be left guarding the lab then you deserve to fall for such an obvious trap. Wonder why it was so easy for your little group to get the princess? The king sent his best solders out to protect those officers and the lab. Making the palace look completely open for attack and you morons took the bait! Didn't think you'd actually kidnap the princess and steal our ships but you still took the bait! Now all that's left is for the king himself to get the final version of the weapon and raise all hell on you losers for taking his daughter!"
"That has got to be...the stupidest plan I've ever heard on this planet! In fact it's so stupid and convoluted that it can actually sound genius if you think about it!"

"Well anything else mister big bad scary boss man or you going to disarm those bombs and let me get back to my studies now?"
"I know when I've been bested. Fine, you may leave and I shall disarm the bombs. Don't think you're out of the frying pan yet sheep! We're going to be watching you like hawks."
I get up out of the chair but ask one last question before I leave the room.
"Can I get an escort out of here?"
"Wha? Oh whatever. Gastroo! Bring this smartass back to her dorm or where ever it is she's going to before she thinks of something else to demand."
"To late pal! I want you prove to me that you really did disarm those bombs. I want you to turn the PA back on over at the dorms as well."
"One second please, hello? This is ***. I demand you to turn all power back on over in that other building at once. Alright now what?"
"Bring me the microphone and turn it on."
"H..here you go miss."
"This thing on? Okay, this is Candy speaking. First of all I need someone to go make sure the bombs are shut off over there. The PA should be turned back on over there so someone report back on the status of those."
A few moments pass and the PA goes off over here.
"We think they're all turned off for now, the time display on the ones we found are gone."
Time for message two then.
"Alright, I'm heading back with an escort here then. When I get back, you assholes better start apologizing and kissing my ass for saving all your lives tonight."
"A..are you ready to leave now Ca...ca...Candy?"
"Yup."

When we get out and back to the dorm building Gastroo high tails it out of there before anyone sees him. Werido.
Walking back in, the place smelled like a damn ashtray or something. Just as I walk in the secretary lady starts shouting for everybody's attention.
"Alright listen up! I've managed to call up the cops now and they're on the way to find and safely remove those bombs, until then everyone get outside!"

Back, back outside it is. Man I'm running out a breath from all this shit today. Someone walks up to and starts poking me in the back.
"Hey Candy you feeling alright? You don't look too good?"
"J..just a little out of breath that's all."
"Here, let's sit on the bench over here. You've had a big day today."
I start coughing a bit as I reply.
"Yeah. H..hey that you Sybil?"
"Yeah. Here have sit Candy, this might be awhile before we can get back in."
I sit down and start leaning on her a bit. Damn I'm feeling pretty sleepy now too.
"Sorry about this whole mess Sybil. I've got no idea how I got into this or how I managed to get everyone out of this."
"Ah don't worry about it Candy. Hey don't be falling asleep on me now. Come on wake up."
"Come on just a little nap?"
"Fine, just a little nap then. Maybe if it takes them awhile they'll make us some hot coco?"
"Wake me up when it's time for coco then."
"Alright, enjoy your nap then."

To be continued...?
>>
No. 692126 ID: dbf021

>>692092
Wow, that was some world class bullshitting right there. Good work!
>>
No. 692129 ID: 67d5dc

You just had a cup of coffee with 20 sugar cubes, and now you want a nap?

Oh dear. I hope there wasn't anything else in that drink.
>>
No. 692187 ID: 3641d4

You better not be dying on us Candy! Get your ass up and head off to a hospital and get tested for some kind of poison in your system. This shit isn't ending yet.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password