[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 692289)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 145229784181.png - (19.68KB , 800x600 , volume 2 card.png )
692289 No. 692289 ID: 15a025

Volume 1: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/679483.html

Intermission - Candy's quest: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/689526.html

It's been three months since you and Dr. Gene left the lab.. You had been sent out into the woods to learn self-defense skills and how to use your new bionic arm with a friend of your boss's. She's worked you to the bone out here but you've learned so much as well. Now, you're on the road heading off to the lab with Dr. Gene.

"Happy to be heading home Bailey?"
You tell the doctor you're a little sad to be leaving. You had to work pretty hard out there but George's cabin was so comfy to stay in and the hot springs were rather relaxing.
"Who knows, maybe I can convince the chief to let us head out here again sometime. Speaking of him, he mentioned they finished a more useful version of the bionic arm. Suppose to look more robotic but has a ton of hidden tools and toys in it."
You ask the doctor when she got a hold of the boss again?
"I talked to him over the phone last night while you were sleeping. It's how I found out he needed us back at the lab today. He's also got your next assignment ready but wouldn't say what it was other than it's pretty top secret."

Wow, not even back from vacation and you already got a new job. Hm... now that you're out of George's magic nullifying field you wonder if your fellow spooky beings are still around and ask what they've been up to these last few months.
Expand all images
>>
No. 692371 ID: 7b65b9

Are you Rainy, the new person we have to guide? Necklace guides get swapped out at regular intervals, that way no person gets stupid guides forever, and no one can hog the really smart ones. It gives a new perspective that's needed every so often. It'll be nice getting to know you through your upcoming trials.
>>
No. 692378 ID: 61fd94

>>692289
Hello again, Rainy / Bailey.

We actually hung out with Candy for a little bit. She happened onto some magic earrings we could talk to her through. The big climax was when she bluffed a bunch of terrorists into leaving campus with pure chutzpah.

What's the plan now? What have you learned to do?
>>
No. 692616 ID: 15a025
File 145240401701.png - (6.49KB , 800x600 , scrawny grapple hook.png )
692616

>Are you Rainy, the new person we have to guide? Necklace guides get swapped out at regular intervals, that way no person gets stupid guides forever, and no one can hog the really smart ones. It gives a new perspective that's needed every so often. It'll be nice getting to know you through your upcoming trials.

Yes that would be me. Something feels different here though, like I've got a different perspective myself or something. Can't really explain it that well. Anyway it's nice to meet more of you spooky guides.

>Hello again, Rainy / Bailey.
Oh hello again as well. Nice to have some familiars helpers around as well.

>We actually hung out with Candy for a little bit. She happened onto some magic earrings we could talk to her through.
Candy got magic earrings with the same enchantment as well? Oh my, that must mean she have gone blind as well. I hope she's coping alright.

> The big climax was when she bluffed a bunch of terrorists into leaving campus with pure chutzpah.
There were terrorists on the campus! Hopefully no one got injured too badly. As for Candy coming through with a bluff that's not too surprising if you've been around her long enough. If only I could tell you all the stories she's made up through the years to get out of her responsibilities.

> What's the plan now? What have you learned to do?
Seems like the plan for now is to head back to base and find out what the next job is going to be. As for what was learned on the trip, quite the bit actually. I had to learn how to "see with my ears" better, if that makes any sense to you. Last month they sent a grappling hook add on kit and George added it into the arm and taught me how to use that. The rest was just basic combat skills and some effective ways to block punches and kicks. He also had me do a lot of exercises to build up my shoulder strength so I can lift more with my new arm safely. So far the most it can lift without hurting me is about 90-ish pounds.

"Hey Rainy, what are you mumbling about back there? Something on your mind?"
"Sorry, just kind of talking to myself here."
"Is it a good conversation?"
"Yes, yes it is."
"Alright then, carry on. It's going to be a few hours on the road here till we get back yet so try to find something to occupy your-self with till we get back."
"How about we listen to the news for a bit? I wonder what exciting things have been going on these past few months?"
"I don't think that's the best idea there Rainy. From what the boss has told me things have been going south these last few months."
"How so?"
"Let's just not talk about it."
"O...okay."
Little spooky guides, do you know anything about what's got the doctor all nervous and worried about?
>>
No. 692620 ID: 2ccbb3

Those operatives are DUMB

They are dumb operatives

They kept talking and talking to Candy, we got a bunch of sweet intel

And they even guzzled the University's coffee like it was Napoleon's personal wine cellar! I didn't hear any liquid analyzers!

There's something about a boat. Figure it out, I think the princess is there.

Sink it?
>>
No. 692621 ID: 7b65b9

The princess got kidnapped, and some people interrogated Candy because they wanted to find you, and the secrets to your new arm. They also said they'd be watching Candy, so you might not be safe around her. It seems like you're pretty wanted. Also candy set her dorm room on fire on accident, but that's not as important.
Candy also confessed her undying love for you to us when she thought she was going to die in her room fire. Just kidding about that last part.
>>
No. 692626 ID: 61fd94

>Oh my, that must mean she have gone blind as well. I hope she's coping alright.
It was supposed to be temporary. Some kind of chemistry accident. She should be fine.

>Little spooky guides, do you know anything about what's got the doctor all nervous and worried about?
Last time we listened to the radio was the same day you called candy. Back then, crazy people kidnapped a princess, and terrorists planted bombs on campus (don't worry, none went off) and burned down a dorm. And it sure seemed like the campus terrorists we working with the kidnappers, and that they were after you and your arm.

I suppose there are several ways that could have escalated unpleasantly. I mean, no one had really been hurt, yet.

Oh, you might want to get your magic item checked for curses. Candy's was cursed, apparently, and she had to wear this collar thing to make sure it she didn't develop monsterism.
>>
No. 692687 ID: 15a025
File 145244479489.png - (8.32KB , 800x600 , what to eat.png )
692687

>Those operatives are DUMB, they are dumb operatives. They kept talking and talking to Candy, we got a bunch of sweet intel and they even guzzled the University's coffee like it was Napoleon's personal wine cellar! I didn't hear any liquid analyzers!
I'm more of a tea drinker than a coffee drinker personally but one thing I heard a lot about before coming to the college was how great the coffee there is.

>The princess got kidnapped.
The princess got kidnapped! O...oh my. I can only imagine what kind of massive head hunt the King has started for whoever is responsible for this. Whoever they are, they must be pretty powerful to make it through the palace with the princess and live.

> Some people interrogated Candy because they wanted to find you, and the secrets to your new arm.
I hope my little secret life here hasn't been let out of the bag. I can only imagine how Candy would feel if she found out I've been lying about all this so far. It might even ruin our friendship entirely...

>Candy set her dorm room on fire on accident, but that's not as important.
Ah, that's a bummer. From what she said, it sounded like she had a lot of rare movies and collectibles in there. Hopefully they charge her with arson or anything like that.

>It was supposed to be temporary. Some kind of chemistry accident. She should be fine.
Only temporary? Well that's good. Hopefully she's more careful next time.

>it sure seemed like the campus terrorists were working with the kidnappers, and that they were after you and your arm.
It's kind of crazy hearing such a violent group is going through all this trouble and harming innocent lives all over me and an arm. If things keep getting bad like this the chief might end up hiring someone to protect me, like a bodyguard or someone like that. Surely it won't get this bad though.

>Oh, you might want to get your magic item checked for curses. Candy's was cursed, apparently, and she had to wear this collar thing to make sure that she didn't develop monsterism.
Don't need to get this necklace checked out for curses. I'm able to take this on and off so I'm in the clear. If it were cursed the necklace wouldn't let me take it off. As for Candy, I'd be worried if I were her. Curses take a lot of effort to be put onto something enchanted, even if it's a just a weak curse. Someone might be out to get her!

"Alright there Rainy, hate to interrupt yourself back there but I've got another question for you. How would feel if the chief offered to make you an junior officer?"
"A...a junior officer! Oh no, I... I couldn't."
"Sure you could. You'd get to go around and arrest some thugs, get better pay, slowly move up the ranks, maybe get to use some special magic weapons here and there."
"I...I don't know. I enjoy being a courier. It's been nice and peaceful, well for the most part."
"Nothing wrong with that. Just, don't be surprised if the chief tries to push you into changing your mind. He's been talking about offering you that promotion these past few days."
"I...I just don't know. With all that's happening right now it'd just be nice to lay low and stay out of trouble."

"Ah just great, car's running low on power here. We're going to have to detour and find a recharging station out here somewhere."
"That's fine, maybe we can pick up some snacks or something to drink at the station as well."

A few miles later...

"Oh finally found a station, what a relief. For a second there I thought we we're going to end up having to get towed off or hitch a ride."
Dr. Gene starts to slow the car down and parks it. Both us hop out and I help the doctor get the car plugged in to charge.
"Alright while that's charging up let's head inside and grab something to eat."
The doctor and I head inside to the little shop. It's smells delightful in here! Smells like someone got done baking some chocolate chip cookies and brownies. The smell of hot coffee is also all over the place.
"Moooooorning to ya ladies, what are the two of you doing around here at the crack o dawn?"
"We're just feeding the beast out there on number four."
"Can I interest the two of you in some freshly made bake goods?"
"Depends on how much they are and how much it's going to cost for our recharge out there."
"Shouldn't brake ya more than tirty bucks to fuel up. As for how much these tasty treats cost they're all fifty cents apiece."
"Sounds reasonable, what's our selection here?"
"Ah let's shee tere. We've got some nice brownies, chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, and some blueberry muffins that are left over from yesterday."
"Hmm, that all sounds pretty good there actually. I can't really decide, it all sounds good. I'll let my buddy here pick out what she wants while I think about it. Here's a dollar so you can pick out two things."
"Aw thanks!"
"No problem."
Now hmm.... I'm not really sure what I want either. What do you spooky guides like?
>>
No. 692701 ID: 61fd94

>I can only imagine how Candy would feel if she found out I've been lying about all this so far. It might even ruin our friendship entirely...
My best guess is she'd punch you in the arm for lying and to see if it was really fake. Then start going on about how awesome all of this is.

>Someone might be out to get her!
We're pretty sure they were out to get you, and Candy was just a convenient proxy.

>What do you spooky guides like?
Muffin for breakfast, cookie for dessert or snack later.
>>
No. 692705 ID: 7b65b9

Seems like picking the food you want to eat is a choice best left up to you considering you know what your preferences are, but i'd say not the blueberry muffins since they might be a bit dry from being made yesterday, unless you like blueberry muffins a lot more than everything else.
>>
No. 692806 ID: 15a025
File 145247283605.png - (19.95KB , 800x600 , shady circus.png )
692806

>My best guess is she'd punch you in the arm for lying and to see if it was really fake. Then start going on about how awesome all of this is.
That could also happen.

>We're pretty sure they were out to get you, and Candy was just a convenient proxy.
I hope so. I'd hate for Candy to end getting hurt because of me.

>Muffin for breakfast, cookie for dessert or snack later.
>I'd say not the blueberry muffins since they might be a bit dry from being made yesterday, unless you like blueberry muffins a lot more than everything else.
Everything just smells so good it's hard to pick. The muffins might be a little dry but I think they'll be fine.
"I'll have a chocolate chip cookie and one of your muffins please."
"Alrighty then, here ya go Missy. That'll be one dollar."
I take a small bite out of the muffin as a taste test. It's a little dry but it still tastes pretty good. I'll save the rest for when we get back into the car.
"Now how about you, decide on what you'd like?"
"I'll just have a peanut butter cookie."
"Alrighty then, that'll be tirty dollars for the charging and fifty cents for yer snack."
"Thanks, hey think you could lift me up so I can hand him the money?."
"Oh sure, no problem."
"Here you are sir. Hope business goes well for you today. Thanks again for the snacks as well."
"Nah, thank you. Oh hey before ya go, if you see or hear anything about some circus or fair stay away. Stay far away from it. That ring master lady there is nothing but trouble. She'll rob ya blind!"
"Thanks for the tip, we'll be sure to keep it in mind."

The doctor and I hop back into the car and drive away. It feels kind of weird being in a car that's not going at crazy fast speeds after riding with Candy.
"Eh, this cookie isn't all that great. I can hardly taste anything but the dough. How's your snacks?"
I finish eating the muffin before I reply.
"Haven't had the cookie yet but the muffin was pretty tasty other than being a little dry."
"Ah well, the guy at the register was pretty nice. Makes up for the 'crummy' cookie I bought."
I start eating my chocolate chip cookies while she goes on about how you really make some good cookies.
"I never knew you were such the cookie connoisseur."
"I'm pretty particular when it comes to bake goods actually."
"Do you bake stuff yourself?"
"I always bake lots of stuff when the chief sends me home for the rare days when there won't be work to be done."
"You don't get regular days off?"
"I wish. There's always something that needs filing or someone who needs a bullet pulled out of them or something. It's not easy but at the end of the day it's all worth it. They give me a bed to sleep in, a roof over my head, and pay all my bills back home."
"I never knew you lived on base."
"Yeah, kind of have to when your needed at almost any second of the day or night."
"Do you have a family back home?"
"Yeah, I've got a husband and a son living back home watching the place for me."
"When's the last time you saw them?"
"Last year on Christmas morning. How about you Rainy, what's life back at home like for you?"
"I've got a sick mother back at home. Her sickness is one of the reasons I signed up for this job. I need all the cash I can get to help her out and pay the bills."
"I'm sorry to hear that. The two of you most worry about each other a lot. Does she know what happened to you that one night or about your missing arm?"
"No. I could never tell her while she's like this. She'd worry herself to death over me."
"I know if I was in your mother's place I'd probably worry myself to death too if I find out about your little adventures. Especially since you're so young."
"Yeah. Hey mind if I take a little snooze here? All this riding around and having to wake up early is making me sleepy."
"Knock yourself out. It's still going to be awhile before we get back yet anyway."
"Thanks, if I'm not up by the time we get back think you could wake me up?"
"Sure thing, now get some rest."
>>
No. 692808 ID: 15a025
File 145247290318.png - (3.58KB , 800x600 , brass petal.png )
692808

Many more miles later...
"Rainy, Rainy get up where here!"
I yawn and slowly stretch my arms out as I wake up.
"Must have been a nice nap, I tried to strike up another conversation at the half way mark but you were snoring away back there."
"Sorry about that. So now what?"
"You sound pretty beat there. Didn't get much sleep last night or something?"
"Must not have."
"You can some more rest if you want after you talk to the chief. He's pretty eager to talk to you about something."
"Sounds like I better go talk to him now then."

Dr. Gene and I hop out of the car and she helps me get inside and leads me into the boss's office.
"We're back!"
"Oh thank goodness. I thought you two would never leave the woods. Send Rainy in here."
I go to open the door but Dr. Gene nudges me for some attention.
"I'd put your jacket back on if I were you."
Note taken, I put the jacket back on and head in.
"Have a seat there my little trooper. We've got a lot to discuss and not much time to discuss it. First off I've got some big news. We've made an even better version of the bionic arm. It's got all sorts of hidden little tools and toys for you to use. Only problem is it's lacking in the aesthetics department and doesn't have any sense of touch or feeling. Good news is we can tweak your current arm so you can switch between the two for different kinds of missions or assignments."
"That sounds kind of handy."
"Ha! I like what you did there kid. Anyway on to the next point, I've got a group assignment I'd like you to join in on."
"And what might that be?"
"I'm glad you asked! There's been a very shady circus or fair show thing traveling around town here. Our reports say the ringmaster is using illegal enchanted items for profit in her show. On top of that there's rumors she's also trying to promote and recruit people into a terrorist group. I want you and two of our other members here and do some investigating there and bring them into custody if need be."

"May I interject for a second here?"
"Make it quick please."
"This sounds a lot like something the police should be investigating instead someone who's a mere courier for the military."
"Well someone has to deliver the findings and possible paper work."
"I, I just don't know. This sounds like something I'd rather not get myself wrapped up in right now."
"I see what you're doing here, you're playing hard to get! Very well then. I'll just up the game here then. I will pay you an entire brass petal if you take this job!"

An entire brass petal! The chief must really want me to take this job if he's willing to pay with the only currency in the world a sage would accept. A sole brass petal is worth well over $2,000! I could sell something like that to a jeweler and be financially set for a few months, assuming they're still helping out my mother back home. I...I don't know. Think I should take the job?
>>
No. 692810 ID: 7b65b9

Sounds like it's worth it, and it'd let you test out your new arm in a more practical way.
>>
No. 692867 ID: 61fd94

>someone who's a mere courier for the military
I thought you worked for a private corporation?

>illegal enchanted items for profit in her show. On top of that there's rumors she's also trying to promote and recruit people into a terrorist group.
Raise the concern that those tactics are consistent with the group that attacked the school after you left, trying to track down you and the arm. They were associated with terror group that went after the princess, and they tried to use a cursed enchanted item against one of your acquaintances.

(He'll be annoyed you found out, but how well you're informed does make you look good, and this is a legitimate concern).

>Think I should take the job?
You really don't have much of a choice. You'll have to deal with the people after you in one way or another eventually.
>>
No. 692991 ID: cd90cb

Don't take the job, remember what the guy at the station said.
>>
No. 693058 ID: 15a025
File 145254574773.png - (7.12KB , 800x600 , some handcuff looking things because law.png )
693058

>I thought you worked for a private corporation?
Oh why did I say military courier! I guess all this talk about the king and terrorist groups is getting into my mind or something. All though that brings a few questions to mind here. This is a private corporation that builds, sells, and researches weapons and medical advances. Why are we getting involved with stopping criminal activities? Can we even legally get involved with this anyway?

>Raise the concern that those tactics are consistent with the group that attacked the school after you left, trying to track down you and the arm. They were associated with terror group that went after the princess, and they tried to use a cursed enchanted item against one of your acquaintances.
"I'm sorry but I'm still a little uncomfortable about taking this job. This circus group sounds like they might very well be involved with the same terrorist group that kidnapped the princess and attempted to blow up the college I was supposed to be attending this year. What's most alarming is the group who attacked the college was out to get me!"
"What's alarming to me here is how you found about that little situation at the college. You weren't really suppose to hear about that."
His tone went from jolly to pretty serious sounding real quick there. Seems like I might have goofed here.
"Well it doesn't matter now that you're back. Didn't want you to worry about thing back here while you were out training and rehabilitating. As for your concern for safety, like I said this was a group assignment. You'd be heading with two more professionally trained officers."
"That brings me to my second question, why are we getting involved in stopping criminal activities? I thought this was a privet company that researched, developed, and sold new medical and weapon technologies ?"
"You definitely know your facts Miss Brasshoof. Anyhow, like every good inventor, one must showcase and display their creations to the public to gain interest and sales. It's simple business. It's partly why I recommended you to a pal of mine down at the station to join in some on some officer business and maybe get you signed up to train as a junior officer for awhile. What do you say?"

>Sounds like it's worth it, and it'd let you test out your new arm in a more practical way.
>You really don't have much of a choice. You'll have to deal with the people after you in one way or another eventually.
"I'd love to tell you no. To say this sounds a little bit on the shady side on top of possibly being extremely dangerous, but I can't. I really need every bit of cash I can get to help my mother out. Plus if I don't deal with these terrorists now, I'll just have to confront them another time in a possibly more dangerous time and place."
"Good choice. You're doing the right thing for our country by taking this job up. Now hurry and head out. Dr. Gene and her crew should be ready to work on your arm so you can switch between models more easily and safely."
I walk out of the freezing room with a lot on my mind. Just what have I gotten myself into?

"Alright Rainy, the lab's all set up to...oh yikes. You look worse than you did in the car now. Take it things didn't go very well in there?"
"Let's say he hit me with a job offer I 'couldn't' refuse."
"Up for a nap before we start working on modifying your new arm then? The process might take awhile and I'm not sure how painful this is going to be, if at all."
What do you think spooky helpers? Think I should just tough it out here or should we take a little nap?
>>
No. 693078 ID: 7b65b9

It'd be best to find out exactly how your new arm works, and how to switch it out, so I think it would be a good idea to get the rundown on it while you get it attached, and then sleep after.
>>
No. 693093 ID: 61fd94

>"What's alarming to me here is how you found about that little situation at the college. You weren't really suppose to hear about that."
>His tone went from jolly to pretty serious sounding real quick there. Seems like I might have goofed here.
It was a public event that made your news. Your employer doesn't have the right to try and censor your free access to public information. And those are legitimate concerns about your own safety that deserve to be aired. Trying to keep you in the dark is irresponsible and reprehensible. He deserves to be called on that, and he needs to know he can't get away with it.

I wouldn't tell anyone that you're wearing an enchanted item, or if you have to, admit that it does anything more than help with your blindness. Right now we're an unsecured information channel, and one your employer can't close off if he doesn't know it exists.

(Granted, you can only go so far, as you are still dependent on your employer for an arm, your protection, and your mother's care. That doesn't mean you should let yourself be used, though).

>Think I should just tough it out here or should we take a little nap?
Dunno, you just slept on the trip over. Can't sleep all the time, and you might as well get accustomed to the serious business arm?
>>
No. 693178 ID: 3641d4

Come on, you can tough it out. Stay strong.
>>
No. 693349 ID: 15a025
File 145264510862.png - (49.56KB , 800x600 , see what i did here.png )
693349

>It was a public event that made your news. Your employer doesn't have the right to try and censor your free access to public information. And those are legitimate concerns about your own safety that deserve to be aired. Trying to keep you in the dark is irresponsible and reprehensible. He deserves to be called on that, and he needs to know he can't get away with it.
Kind of brings into question what else is being censored from me around here as well.

>I wouldn't tell anyone that you're wearing an enchanted item, or if you have to, admit that it does anything more than help with your blindness. Right now we're an unsecured information channel, and one your employer can't close off if he doesn't know it exists.
>(Granted, you can only go so far, as you are still dependent on your employer for an arm, your protection, and your mother's care. That doesn't mean you should let yourself be used, though).
There's another reason not to tell anyone about the necklace. Roommate never gave me the paperwork to carry this thing around. Might be a good idea to try and get a general enchanted items license down at the police station soon.

>It'd be best to find out exactly how your new arm works, and how to switch it out, so I think it would be a good idea to get the rundown on it while you get it attached, and then sleep after.
>Dunno, you just slept on the trip over. Can't sleep all the time, and you might as well get accustomed to the serious business arm?
Think serious business arm is going to be the official nickname for it now. Better get this done and over with now than later.

"Nah, if you're all set down there I'm sure everybody would like to get this done now than later."
"Are you sure? It's no problem for us to wait a bit for you to rest up."
"I sure. Sooner it's done the sooner I can get use to it."
"Alright, let's head down to our secret little lab then."
I giggle a bit at the Doctor's attempt to sound like a mad scientist there.
Doctor Gene leads the way and we go up and down a lot of stairs, take a few elevator rides up and down here and there. After get that good morning work out on the way we finally walk into the lab. It smells all clean and chemically in here.

"About time you two got here, I've been waiting for like half an hour to get this started."
"Stick a sock in it Andrew. If all you're going to do here is complain today than you can get out and go back to cleaning up my office and taking inventory on supplies."
"Come on have some mercy here. If I have to count out another pail of tongue depressors I'm going lose it!"
"Then shut up and do what I tell you to then! If we mess this up who the hell knows what could happen. Alright, now that we got that clear. Rainy I need you to go and change into this gown here, unless of course you like having blood and oil and all other sorts of messy stuff over your clothes. In which case be my guest and go for it. Ah damn it Andrew where'd you put that kit with all the parts they sent down here?"
"You mean the brown boxes with the gear label and wires? I just stuck those in your office up stairs."
"Why on earth would you stick them up, ugh. We needed the shit in there to work on her arm. I'll have to run up and get them. Behave yourself while I'm gone."

I take the gown and "magically" find the changing room and get changed. Walking out something grabs squishes my tushy. I yelp in response.
"Yup, it's the real Rainy. You're the only one around with a tiny little booty like that. Now how about we see your rack."
"MY rack? But, I'm a doe."
"Not that rack, your other rack!"
Other rack? Wait...no, oh no he wants to see those!
"W...why do you need see those? I...I'd really rather you not look there."
"Oh ho ho now I really want a look. Come on, just give me a little peek to make sure there's nothing wrong there."
"Please don't."
He grabs me and starts trying to quickly unbutton the gown. Thankfully the door opens and Doctor Gene comes in before he takes it off me.
"Andrew what the hell are you doing to her!"
"I was just uh...fixing up her gown?"
"That's bullshit and you know it. Should have known better to leave you alone with her. Now get your filthy ass out of here now!"
"Or what? You'll nibble my leg a bit? How about you just forget this happened and move onto getting her arm fixed up."
"How about I report this to chief and have you fired before you can even say whops."
"You wouldn't dare!"
"Try me."
"Fine, I'm leaving see! Bunch of buzzkills..."
The door slams open and then slams shut as Andrew stomps out of the lab.
>>
No. 693350 ID: 15a025
File 145264531940.png - (11.88KB , 800x600 , I cant draw hands for crap sorry.png )
693350

"You alright there Rainy? What was he doing to you while I gone?"
"N..not much. He was squeezing my butt a little and then he said he wanted to see my rack. I...I'm fine though, really."
"Your rack? But you're a... never mind. Don't worry, I'll make sure that loser gets dealt with. You sure you're alright though. We can head back up and do this later if you want?"
"No, let's just get this done with."
"If that's what you want Rainy. Let's see if I can't page someone else to come down and help us out with this. Hmm... it's a long shot but maybe we can get Nurse Rod to come help out."
Doctor Gene walks away and I can hear struggling to get up and reach the pager. There's also knocking on the door.
"Rainy can you go get the...never mind I probably should be answering that."

The door creeks as it opens up.
"Hey Doctor Gene! We were having some cake down in the lounge and heard you were down here working. Thought I'd come by and see if you'd like a slice."
"Oh Nurse Rod I was actually going to just page for you to come down here and help out actually. They've got me tasked to fix up Rainy's new arms."
"Sounds like a blast and something I'd love to but I'm a little busy here."
"Busy doing what?"
"Absolutely nothing! Buuuuut, I suppose I could fit this into my busy schedule just for you."
"Alright it's a date then. Rainy I'll have you lay down on this chair here, Rod you go grab those boxes by the door there and open everything in the box labeled A except for all the wires and screws."
"Not to try and take over here or tell you how to do your job Gene, but shouldn't she be put under for something like this?"
"Nah that's a little overkill for this. She's going to need some painkillers though if you could get those ready as well!"
"On it! What are you going to do?"
"Read over these damn blueprints again to make sure I don't miss anything up once we start.

The modification process takes forever and a half. Halfway in the Doctor Gene realized she connect a few too many wrong wires and had to unhook and re-connect a ton of stuff as a result of that.
"Finally! Finally we're done. I swear if we have to take this thing apart one more time I'll quit."
"Oh Dr. Gene you're being overdramatic. It wasn't that bad, only took us, uhh.... what time did we even start this anyway?"
"Well we aren't done here quite yet. We need to make sure we can take it on off without anything braking or getting stuck."
"How do I take it off?"
"We kind of have to take it off actually. Alright, just hold this button down here, twist it like this and, boom. I got your arm."
"It might be because of the painkillers but I didn't feel anything there."
"Alright let's see how like the new serious business arm. Rod would you like the pleasure of putting it on?"
"Oh gee, I don't know. I thought the all mighty Doctor Gene could handle anything?"
"Almost anything. There's no way I could lift that thing up and plug it in. Now give me a hand here and plug it in."
"Ah, well I suppooooose I could plug it in for you."

Something makes a loud staticky noise and shocks me as the new arm pops into the socket. The new arm feels a little heavier than the other one but other than that...wait what are these? Are these? Oh my, they're fingers!!! They gave this thing fingers! This is beyond amazing.
"I thought you might find those useful. If you ever want to them to be a hoof for a natural look you can just pop the hand off and plug in the hoof yourself, it's pretty easy."
"If wish I could describe how amazed I am with this but I can't think of any good words that fit the bill."
"Hey, how about we all head down to the brake room and celebrate a job well done?"
"We'd love to Rod but there's still more we need to get done. I need to teach Rainy how to use all here hidden tools and weapons down in the testing facility."
"Ah come on now, all work and no play is no good. I'm sure you two must be starving."
"Come on you know how the chief gets when he finds out we're screwing around on the job... fuck!, that reminds me I still need to write up that pervert Andrew for trying to pull that stunt today."
"Yikes, talk about out of the fire into the pan."
"Yeah no kidding. Well what shall we tackle first here Rainy? Up for letting out some anger in the testing lab or you want to help me fill out the sexual harassment forms?"

It'd be nice to go get something to eat now but it sounds like there's still a lot to do here! What do you think I should do spooky little helpers?
>>
No. 693354 ID: 7b65b9

It sounded like you really just wanted to sleep before, so I figured that was the plan. Either that, or go eat something, then sleep.
>>
No. 693359 ID: 8c66a6

>near sexual assault by a coworker
...I am really beginning to have doubts about the company you work for. And given the nature of your work and this project's apparent government connections, Andrew should need a security clearance to even work on this stuff. He should know really know better than to try something that stupid slash the screening process should have put up a red flag somewhere.

Seriously, the next time someone tries something like that, deck them with the cyborg arm.

>that reminds me I still need to write up that pervert Andrew for trying to pull that stunt today.
At least someone here has their priorities strait!

>It'd be nice to go get something to eat now but it sounds like there's still a lot to do here! What do you think I should do spooky little helpers?
Eat if you're hungry, then work on learning the arm after. If you're not hungry, work on the arm now, then eat, then go back to the arm.

Paperwork can be done at any time, but you really should get that done tonight. Get in on record in case the ass pulls anything later.
>>
No. 693450 ID: 3641d4

What's wrong with the first pic for the update? It isn't loading right.

>Andrew the pervert
Wait didn't someone call you at that bar on your birthday saying they were someone named Andrew? iirc didn't you say he was immature and a little bit of a perv? How the hell did someone like him get a job like being a nurse/doctor at a place like this? Also has he ever done anything like this to you before?
>>
No. 693452 ID: 3d2d5f

>>693450
There's nothing wrong with it. The image used is the spoiler image.
>>
No. 693553 ID: 15a025
File 145272656911.png - (10.99KB , 800x600 , what button shall we press.png )
693553

>...I am really beginning to have doubts about the company you work for. And given the nature of your work and this project's apparent government connections, Andrew should need a security clearance to even work on this stuff. He should know really know better than to try something that stupid slash the screening process should have put up a red flag somewhere. Seriously, the next time someone tries something like that, deck them with the cyborg arm.
>Wait didn't someone call you at that bar on your birthday saying they were someone named Andrew? iirc didn't you say he was immature and a little bit of a perv? How the hell did someone like him get a job like being a nurse/doctor at a place like this? Also has he ever done anything like this to you before?
Yeah Andrew isn't the most well behaved person working around here. This wasn't the first time he's harassed me either, though he's never done something like this before. Usually he just whistles when he'd see me or a few of the other couriers and slap us on the butt when he'd pass us in the halls. From what Dr. Gene and a few other of the nicer member's I've worked with all said, he's only got the nursing job here because his mother is the vice president of the company.

>At least someone here has their priorities straight!
Yeah, if there's one person I can always count on for help around here it's Dr. Gene. She's always looking out for me. Gene even treated me out to dinner a few times before.
>It sounded like you really just wanted to sleep before, so I figured that was the plan. Either that, or go eat something, then sleep.
>Eat if you're hungry, then work on learning the arm after. If you're not hungry, work on the arm now, then eat, then go back to the arm.
>Paperwork can be done at any time, but you really should get that done tonight. Get in on record in case the ass pulls anything later.
Yeah all this talk about food is making me hungry now. Think we could do the paper work while we eat.
"Dr. Gene, it's felt like forever since we ate anything. Think we could go with Rod and grab a bite or something?"
"Well that settles it then, can't get any work done on an empty stomach can you? Unfortunately I'll have to stay in here or else no-one can get back in."
"Why's that?"
"I'm the only one with a key card to get in, well only one except for the Chief. I know! Rod do you think you could go grab us something out of the fridge in the break room? Maybe go see if there's some cake leftover as well."
"And if there's nothing in there?"
"Then go buy some carrots from the store, I'll pay you back later. While you're gone we're going to fill out some paper work."
"Right-o. I'll be back in a flash!"
"Alright then, now let's get you out of that chair and back into some clean clothes."

I climb out of the chair and Gene brings me to the changing room. After changing we head into one of the offices hiding around the lab.
"Now where are those papers at, let see here...chemical spills, dress code violation, robbery, security breaches, and safety violation. Where's the book with the papers for sexual assault? Think you could give me a boost and help me look on the top shelf?"
I lift the doc up and set her on the second shelf.
"Thanks. Let's see what's up here then: Shooter report, Chimera attack reports, drunk member on the job, ah here it is! Sexual Assault form. Think you could help me down now?"
I lift the doc off the top shelf and set her down.
"Alright Rainy while I fill it the basic info for you, such as date and time, names, ect. Try to describe what he did to you in here. If you're not comfortable with going into the exact details it's alright. Just be general about it."
I explain to Gene that he was touching butt and then tried to take my gown off to look at "my rack."
"Anything else?"
"Nope. That's all he did."
"Alright then. I'll go throw this in the chief's mailbox as soon as we're done down here."
"Thanks Gene."
Doctor Gene hops on to my lap and pats me on the leg a couple times.
"No problem Rainy. Just remember, I'll always be here for you. If something like this happens again, call me."
A buzzer goes off and there's some knocking at the door.
"Now let's go bring Rod in and have something to snack on."

Rod was nice and brought us some carrots and slices of carrot cake on top of that. After snacking on everything the two them brought me into the testing lab.
"Alright Rainy, time to learn how to use all your new toys here. Let's start with the simple stuff first. Some of your fingers have little tools hidden them. Your thumb can come off and serve as a "thumb" drive and store computer files on it the pinkie finger comes off and works as a screw driver, your ring finger has a button on it that makes it work like a flashlight and your middle finger has a button on it that shoots out a laser. Careful with the flashlight and laser though, they can really drain your battery."
It's a little hard to pull my fingers off seeing as I've got a hoof for the other hand so I just bite them off instead.
"Oh careful there Rainy! The chief will kill us if any of that brakes!"
"Sorry, just really hard to pull of your own fingers when you have a hoof for the other hand."
"Let's just move on to the next set of buttons. On your arm by your elbow you should feel a set of four more buttons labeled in braille for you. You've got taser, grappling hook, a 'hand gun', and a rocket punch."
"How do they all work?"
"Try them out on the punching bag in front of you."
What should I try out first spooky helpers?
>>
No. 693558 ID: 007e78

>What should I try out first spooky helpers?
Try out the flashlight.

*beat*

Oh right this doesn't really help me, does it.

Try the tools.

Ask about laser. What type, what's it rated?
>>
No. 693622 ID: 7b65b9

Use the "hand gun" to "finger bang" the punching bag.
>>
No. 693753 ID: 3641d4

>Hiring Family like that
What a crock of shit. I doubt filing papers against him is going to do shit then.
Try pushing out the rocket.
>>
No. 693889 ID: 15a025
File 145280682249.png - (8.60KB , 800x600 , really bad symbolism here.png )
693889

>Hiring Family like that
>What a crock of shit. I doubt filing papers against him is going to do anything then.
Yeah this is some pretty bad nepotism going on here. I'm not really sure if anything will come from reporting this but it's better than not doing anything at all.

>Try out the flashlight.
Can't tell if it's really working or not. I ask Gene if it's on just in case.
"Yup it's working."

>Ask about laser. What type, what's it rated?
"What kind of laser is in there and what's the rating?"
"You've got me beat there. I think it's just a simple pointing laser and nothing more than that."

>Use the "hand gun" to "finger bang" the punching bag.
Punny aren't we? I push the hand gun button and oh man this is really weird feeling. The hand retreats back into arm and comes back out after a moment locked into a literal hand gun position.
"To fire the gun just press the button that would normally turn on the laser!"
I "finger bang" the punching bag with the hand gun.
"Did I hit it?"
"Nope, you were just a little off to the right a bit. To get it back to normal just push the hand gun button again."
I slap the button and the same process as before happens and I got opposable digits again.

>Try pushing out the rocket.
I motion to hit the rocket button when the doctor yells out something.
"No don't touch that one! It's not something you want to be using without really good aim."
"Why what's it do?"
"Shoots your hand off the arm and basically turns the hand into an explosive rocket."
"Would the hand survive the explosion?"
"Absolutely not, we'd have to build you a new hand after you use it as well. I'd only use it as a last resort. In case you're worried about pushing it by accident though, it only works if you push it twice really quick."

Note to self: don't use the rocket. Only thing left is to try out the new taser power. You aim at where the punching bag shows up on the necklace's radar and push the button. You hand flies off and grabs onto the punching bag! After it releases a shock the arm quickly reels back into place.
"Nice shot Rainy! That run away punching bag is no more thanks to your amazing taser powers. Let's celebrate by getting a good nights rest and preparing for whatever it is you're off to do tomorrow!"
The intercom buzzes and the chief makes an announcement.
"Rainy and Dr. Gene to the chief's office please, Rainy and Dr. Gene to the chief's office. Thank you."
"We're pretty popular around here today I guess. Better head off and take care of whatever this is all about then. Thanks for helping us out today Rod. I'll be sure to get you some catnip next pay day as a thanks."
"Oh you don't have to that Gene. Just return the favor if I ever need some help that's all."
"Sounds fair enough then. Alright Rainy, let's go see what the crank wants now."

It's another nice workout going through all the doors and stairs and elevators again but after awhile we make it back.
"It's about time you two got up here. I was beginning to think you had left somewhere or went to bed."
"Kind of hard to get here quickly when the lab is a good ten floors underground and you're a tiny ass rabbit."
"Well the important thing is you made here. Gene you're leaving with Rainy on a mission with two members of the police department tomorrow."
"Oh no I'm not. You already roped me into training Rainy for an entire three months and we just got back. At least not without another pay bonus."
"Fine, I'll throw in an extra $50 at the end of the week if you go."
"You got a deal."
"Gene you may go now, Rainy you stay in here."
Dr. Gene leaves the room.

"Now Rainy, about the other two who will be going with you tomorrow. My pal down at the station would like you to pick two of the three available officers you think are best suited to take on the job."
"Why couldn't he pick someone to go?"
"Something along the lines of a test of your leadership skills."

"Now let me tell you about them. First up we've got Officer Rocky. He's a pretty fast and strong Alpaca. It says he can easily take down anyone un-armed and make quick arrests."

"Next up is Officer Nibbles. I'd personally say she sounds the most interesting out of the three of them. She's a tiny little field mouse who is excellent at sneaking around places. What's really special about her is she can sense enchanted objects from halfway across a room and tell how they're enchanted."

"Last we've got Officer Digs. All it says on the paper they sent me is that he's completely immune to any and all effects of magic and that he can take a good beating."

"They all sound like they'd be perfect for the job. Why doesn't your pal at the station just send all three of them instead of two and me?"
"Because he wants to see how well our new arm works on the job. Now pick out two officers to accompany you tomorrow."
Ah man this is so hard. All of these officers seem like they'd be perfect for the job. What do you think spooky helpers?
>>
No. 693913 ID: 7b65b9

I say go with digs and nibbles, That way you have defense from magic, knowledge of what kind's being used against you, and hopefully you can take care of the take down's with your taser. Besides, if they're a shady group that might be responsible for the bomb incident at school, they'll all probably be armed anyway.
>>
No. 693915 ID: 007e78

>Shoots your hand off the arm and basically turns the hand into an explosive rocket.
Please tell me it has a safety you have to release so you can't do that by accident?

>flashlight, laser, gun, rocket
>all things that depend on sight and/or aim
Uh, unless we figure out how to turn on a targeting hud for you, I'm not sure if those are going to be terribly effective for you.

>she can sense enchanted objects from halfway across a room and tell how they're enchanted
Is that a problem if we're still unlicensed? And/or if she might report us? You don't want your employer finding out about us.

Short of that potential complication, I think >>693913 is right about team composition.
>>
No. 694055 ID: 15a025
File 145287099563.png - (6.08KB , 800x600 , guest room.png )
694055

>Shoots your hand off the arm and basically turns the hand into an explosive rocket.
>Please tell me it has a safety you have to release so you can't do that by accident?
Not sure. Think the only safety we've got is that it needs to be pressed twice really quickly for it to work. Probably might be a good idea to suggest adding a better safety measure in the future.

>Uh, unless we figure out how to turn on a targeting hud for you, I'm not sure if those are going to be terribly effective for you.
Hmm... maybe there's a way to power you guys up? If I ever find a jeweler around town it might be worth asking. For now, maybe I could get someone else to aim for me?

>I say go with digs and nibbles, That way you have defense from magic, knowledge of what kind's being used against you, and hopefully you can take care of the take down's with your taser. Besides, if they're a shady group that might be responsible for the bomb incident at school, they'll all probably be armed anyway.
Plus earlier today the chief mentioned they might be using illegal enchanted items for profit as well. So having a "magic" advantage would definitely help fight against that.

>Is that a problem if we're still unlicensed? And/or if she might report us? You don't want your employer finding out about us.
I don't think this officer Nibble's would report me for using an enchanted necklace where it's only real use is for helping out with my blindness. I don't even think she'd ask for a license in the first place.
"Well, I need to know your selection today please!"
"I think Officer Nibbles and Officer Digs would be the best combination here."
"And why's that?"
"Well it says Digs in completely immune to magic, and that Nibbles is pretty much the equivalent of a high powered jeweler that can sneak around."
"But why would you need to know about the magic they're using if you've got a walking magic shield?"
"Well I'm not immune to magic and I don't think Nibbles is either, so it'd be nice to know what we'd be up against incase we get separated from Digs or he's out for the count."
"A true thinker! I think you'll do just fine tomorrow. Now go rest up, it might be a long day for you."

I leave the office and Dr. Gene is waiting outside for me.
"Off to bed now?"
"Yeah, where's the sleeping quarters around here?"
"I'll take you off to the visitors room then. It might be a little chilly in there though. Chief doesn't bother running the heat into that room unless there's a lot of people staying overnight."
The guest room isn't too far away from where the chief's office is. Walking in, Gene wasn't kidding about it being cold in here.
"Here we are. If you want some extra blankets you can just steal some off the other beds. I'll go ask about maybe getting the heat turned on in here for a bit."
I'm a little surprised at how much stuff you guys are picking up in here. There's at least half a dozen beds outlined as well as what could be a window and a closet. I still a blanket off one of the beds and hit the sack. Even with two blankets it's still pretty chilly in here. Oh well, better just try to rough it and get some sleep. See you in the morning!

The next morning...

"Sppt, when do you think she's going to wake up?"
"..."
"Think I should wake her up?"
"..."
"I'm just going to wake her up."
Something starts tickling my ear and someone starts whispering in it
"Hey lazy bones, it's like six o clock in the morning here. You ready to rise and shine or what?"
Six in the morning? It's way too early to be getting up right now. I wave my arm at them trying to shoo however it is away.
"Give me another hour here."
"No can do. It's time for breakfast and then it's time for work. Now come on, wake up."
"It's too early for work. Let me go back to sleep."
"Tough one aren't ya? Alright, think you could give me a hand and pull the sheets off for me Digs?"
"Yeah..."
Someone starts pulling the sheets down on me and I fight back by yanking them back up and pulling them over my face.
"I can see why they picked her to lead the job today, she's pretty resistant. Time to pull out the big guns. Get up before I use an enchanted ring to dump some chilly water onto you!"
"Fine, I'll get up. This better be important though."

I crawl out of bed and do some morning stretches to help wake myself up a bit.
"So who are the two of you anyway? You don't sound familiar."
"I'm Officer Nibbles and this is Officer Digs. We're hear you want to help us look into this fishy circus going around."
"Yeah, alright let me grab my walking stick and let's go find something to eat."
"What do you need a walking stick for? You've got a necklace with some pretty powerful earth enchantments on it that should be helping you get around."
"How did you- oh wait, I forgot the paper they sent about you mentioned your eye for enchanted stuff."
"It's a hobby of mine. I'm surprised you managed to grab a necklace that was enchanted with spirit guides, life detection, and a telepathic radar enchantment as well! You must have paid a fortune for that thing."
"Wait, this has three enchantments? I never knew that was even possible. What are those other ones you mentioned?"
"Before I answer that, mind telling me how much you know about magic and enchantments?"
"Not a lot. I only know that most enchanted things are pretty much illegal to own and that some can be very dangerous."
"Care for a little lesson on magic and on how enchantments work then? I'm pretty knowledgeable on the subject. Or you know, we could just skip the lesson and just go grab something to eat instead if you're hungry."

Hmm... food or knowledge? What do you think little helpers?
>>
No. 694131 ID: 7b65b9

You could talk while you eat. If not i'd say get a rundown on enchantments first.
>>
No. 694182 ID: 007e78

>"What do you need a walking stick for? You've got a necklace with some pretty powerful earth enchantments on it that should be helping you get around."
Because I don't want everyone knowing I have enchantments for that. People underestimating you can be an advantage.

>earth enchantments
Wait what? We can do earth magic? Can we do earth magic? That would be cool!

>Care for a little lesson on magic and on how enchantments work then?
Yes please, I imagine we'd be a lot more effective if we understood our own theory better. Like, in theory, radar and life detection should make you a great shot, but it doesn't.

Hmm. If Digs is immune to magic, does that include passive effects that don't target him? Can we 'see' him?
>>
No. 694643 ID: 15a025
File 145300767674.png - (3.25KB , 800x600 , the four gemstones of cliche elements.png )
694643

>Because I don't want everyone knowing I have enchantments for that. People underestimating you can be an advantage.
Hey never thought about the underestimating thing before. Thanks for the tip.

>If Digs is immune to magic, does that include passive effects that don't target him? Can we 'see' him?
I don't see him on our radar, so he must be immune to passive effects as well.

>Wait what? We can do earth magic? Can we do earth magic? That would be cool!
I've have no idea. From the sounds of it you're already doing earth magic in three ways.
"You said this necklace had earth enchantments on it right? Does that mean I could do earth magic like fling big boulders or make walls come up out of the ground?"
"Well first, to even be allowed to use those enchantments legally you'd need to work for the military or be a high ranking police officer with the proper license to use battle magic. Second, the necklace you're wearing would need to have the proper enchantments on it to do that. Sorry to shoot your hopes down."
"That's okay. Oh how could I get more enchantments on my necklace and how many could I hold?"
"Most regular gemstones are powerful enough to hold five enchantments on them. To add more you'd need to fuse the gemstone in your necklace with another gemstone. You can usually get most higher up jewelers to do this for a small fee."
"You really know your stuff Officer Nibbles."
"Eh, it's just a small hobby of mine. I'm also kind of a collector of enchanted items myself. I'm actually working on getting my battle magic license here."

"Think I'll have to take you up on that lesson here then. Think you could explain the basics?"
"Sure thing. How about we start by talking about the core elements of gemstones?"
"Sounds good to me."
"The four core elements are Fire, Water, Earth, and Light. Basically the element of the gemstone limits what element of enchantments it can have. So for example, a fire gemstone can't have something like freeze water or blow bubbles. "
"Where do the gemstones and enchantments come from?"
"Gemstones are either excavated from mines or can be made by one of the great sages. As for enchantments we don't really know where they come from if they're excavated but we do know that the sages can also create enchantments for a pretty heavy fee of an entire silver flower bud. For reference that's equal value to fifty brass petals."
"Yikes! That's like, $100,000!"
"Yeah no kidding. It's not really worth it as if you can get an entire golden flower, or ten silver flower buds, ect. One or two of the sages might take those and make you into an apprentice to become a mage.
"Oh could you tell me more about the life detect and radar enchantments?"
"Sure. I've read in some books that the life detect enchantment can show the heart, soul, health, mood, and or location of someone in a room depending on how strong the enchantment itself actually is. As for the radar I've never really read much about that one. In fact I don't think I've even heard of a radar enchantment before."
"Hmm... I don't think I've ever seen the life detect thing tell me any of that info before?"
"You've probably have had it tell you that info and just never noticed it. Have you ever been able to see anyone's heart before and if so what colors have you seen other than white or grey?"
"I can see your heart but it's white. In the past I've seen red, orange, purple, pink, and probably some other ones I can't remember."
"Then you've been able to see others moods. Orange is kind of like surprised or something, pink is happy, white/grey is neutral, and red is angry."
"What about purple?"
Officer Nibble's voice drops from cheery to low and serious.
"We don't talk about purple."
Note taken.
"Any other questions or shall we be on our way now?"
>>
No. 694668 ID: 007e78

>"We don't talk about purple."
The purple heart we saw was... oh geeze, Steve and/or Trish. Yes, definitely not a good emotion, then. Still, I wish we knew what it was.

>"Any other questions or shall we be on our way now?"
What do souls, radar, or guiding spirits have to do with earth? Or is it just that this happens to be an earth gemstone, and none of those are air effects, so they're all compatible with it?

What does the frequency of the heart mean? If color is mood, is beating health?

Anywhere we could look up stuff on the radar enchantment? I feel like we could use it better if we knew the quirks.
>>
No. 694985 ID: 3641d4

Ask what kind of animal digs is.
>>
No. 695092 ID: 15a025
File 145315016219.png - (77.00KB , 800x600 , Get it, behind the scene.png )
695092

>The purple heart we saw was... oh geeze, Steve and/or Trish
Think Steve had the purple heart, don't quote me on that though.

>Ask what kind of animal digs is.
"This might be weird but what kind of animal is Officer Digs?"
"He's an armadillo."

>What do souls, radar, or guiding spirits have to do with earth? Or is it just that this happens to be an earth gemstone, and none of those are air effects, so they're all compatible with it?
"What do any of these enchantments have to deal with the earth or air, or are these like 'neutral' no element enchantments?"
"Good question, you've kind of got me stumped there actually. I'd probably put my cash down on saying they're all just neutral type enchantments that got put on to earth gemstone. These enchantments are pretty rare and not very well documented so it's hard to tell."

>Anywhere we could look up stuff on the radar enchantment? I feel like we could use it better if we knew the quirks.
"So I take it there isn't anywhere I could learn more about the radar is there?"
"Unless you manage to find a new book on enchantments or one I haven't read yet, couldn't tell ya."
"Darn."

>What does the frequency of the heart mean? If color is mood, is beating health?
"Hey what's the frequency of the heart someone's heart stand for?"
"I think it's just their heartbeat."
"Sounds simple enough."
"Well wadda ya say there Rainy? Up for getting something to eat before we head out? I smelt pancakes coming from the break room or whatever."
"Sounds good!"

Breakfast was delicious, they were making chocolate chip and blueberry pancakes in the break room. After we all finished eating we got Dr. Gene and left to the shady circus. The car ride was pretty long and boring for the most part, and I ended up falling asleep half way there. Dr. Gene was nice paid for our tickets to get in. Once we're let through the gate Officer Nibbles calls a little meeting to make a plan of action.
"Alright let's all huddle up and discuss the plan. The actual circus show doesn't start for another hour or something. This gives us time to do a list of multiple things. For starters, we could go goof around and visit some of the booths and browse their wares while the show get's setup, we could also try to find a back entrance and start sneaking around behind the scenes. Or if any of you have some ideas on how time can be spent, speak now."
What shall we do?
>>
No. 695216 ID: 007e78

>What shall we do?
Play to our strengths.

Nibbs should try sneaking around, since she's a sneak.

We should go the tourist route, and try and get ourselves underestimated. Between Nibb's sense and our scanning, see what we pick up.

Recon only, try to stay out of trouble.

Rainy should probably have one other person with her as a sighted companion. Blind person at the circus probably makes more sense if they're with someone.
>>
No. 695479 ID: 15a025
File 145324075010.png - (13.22KB , 800x600 , What to do first.png )
695479

>Play to our strengths. Nibbs should try sneaking around, since she's a sneak. We should go the tourist route, and try and get ourselves underestimated. Between Nibb's sense and our scanning, see what we pick up. Recon only, try to stay out of trouble. Rainy should probably have one other person with her as a sighted companion. Blind person at the circus probably makes more sense if they're with someone.
Sounds pretty soild.
"I've got a good plan Officer Nibbles."
"Let's hear it then."
"You're good at sneaking around right Nibbles?"
"Sure am!"
"Think you could sneak around the stands and vendors to spot out any possible enchanted items, especially ones that could be dangerous and report back what you find? Oh, maybe try to sneak in behind the stage and see if any of the performers have dangerous enchantments as well or look for anything shady?"
"Sure can! What are the three of you going to do then?"
"Play tourist and try to put the radar to use. Never know what it'll pick up but maybe it'll find something useful. We should get back together a few minutes before the show starts and report our findings."
"What! Ah no fair, I'd like to have some fun too. Promise you'll share some pop corn or cotton candy with me during the show then."
"It's a deal. Remember, meet us by the entrance here a few minutes before the show starts."
"It's a date! See the three of you in a bit then."

Nibbles runs off and out of the radar's range, it's just you, the doctor, and Digs.
"So uh, what kind of attractions are setup around here?"
"Uh let's see here, there's someone hosting some kind of game where you have to knock milk bottles down and someone doing a guess your age game. Other than that it just looks like a bunch of vendors trying to sell cheap junk and ugly clothes. There's also a mirror maze but I get the feeling you wouldn't be interested in that."
Whoever is in charge of running the fair or circus thing sure doesn't offer much to do here. Hopefully the show makes up for the lackluster attractions. Then again, I'm here to look for shady stuff and illegal magic being used, not to have fun. Where should we start looking or what should we visit first?
>>
No. 695482 ID: 007e78

>>695479
Well, if they're using enchantments, the carnival games might be rigged. How about we try the ball toss game? See if we see anything.

Dr Gene would have to throw, since blind accuracy would be noticeable, and Digs would be immune to magic cheating.
>>
No. 695552 ID: 7b65b9

Maybe check out the tent to see what might be coming up?
>>
No. 695917 ID: 15a025
File 145332335854.gif - (17.97KB , 800x600 , ting.gif )
695917

>Well, if they're using enchantments, the carnival games might be rigged. How about we try the ball toss game? See if we see anything.
Aren't carnival games in general always rigged? Still it's worth a shot.
"How about we try that ball toss just for a good laugh?"
"Eh why not, it's only a quarter a shot. Maybe I'll get lucky and win us a prize to take home, how about you Officer Digs, up for a crack at it?"
"..."
"Okay, guess that's a no."

We all walk up to the stand the vendor starts trying to reel us in.
"Step right up you three! Today and today only, try and take a crack at knocking these bottles off their stand and win a fabulous prize!"
Dr. Gene taps my leg and I bend down as she starts whispering something
"Hey quick question, what's this radar thing you were talking about when we were grouped?"
"Uhh...nothing....?"
"I'll just take that's a secret between you and the officers for now then."
"Thanks."
"Well hey, watch me get a free throw for one of us here. If he gives you a free shot you should try and conk the little con artist with the ball somewhere."
"As funny as that would be, I'd rather not stoop to his level here. It'd be better if you just took a whack at it instead."
"Yeah good idea, plus with that new arm you might end up doing more than just a simple bop to the head or gut. Now get me up there and let me at'em."

I pick the doctor up and start feeling around for somewhere on the table to set her down on.
"Aww, isn't that cute. We've got a little bunny playing doctor today, are you being a good little girl and helping mommy get around today?"
"Aww, now isn't that cute Rainy? He thinks I'm your little girl. Sorry to burst your bubble here but she's a colleague of mine."
"Yikes, you should could have fooled me. So uhh, you going to pay up and take a swing at it here or you just going to hold up the line?"
"Who me? You expect a tiny rabbit like myself to be able to toss those big balls at those milk bottles of yours? I doubt I could even lift the ball off this table."
"Then shoo, scram, get out of here. If you're not a paying customer then I've got nothing left to say."
"Rude much. Fine, here's a quarter. Hey I'm able to launch this thing however I want right?"
"If I even so much as see you pull out some kind of magic bullshit, I'll throw you out of this place faster than you could rape my vegetable garden."
"Now that was just plain racist pal. What I mean is, can I kick the damn thing instead of throwing it?"
"No, the game is called ball toss. There for, you have to toss the damn ball! Now toss it and get this over with."
"No wonder nobody is lined up to play this, who would want to play a game with an asshole for a host."
"Just shut up and toss the damn thing."
"Alright, and here we goooo!"
The radar picks up everything that happens and I hear a few interesting noises. The doctor must be pretty strong and a good shot at that. I could hear the ball hit the bottles but something else on top of that, there was just the tiniest little "ting" that rang for half a second when the ball hit the bottles. The radar flashed a little red exclamation point on impact as well.

"That's a load of crap! My ball slammed right into that bottle and just bounced off and came flying right back at me like it was nothing. You're lucky that didn't whack me in the face pal!"
"Hey not my fault you suck at this. Come back when you're not such a weakling."
"Yeah up yours pal, come on let's go pay a visit to something else."
I grab the doctor off the table and head off.

> check out the tent to see what might be coming up?
Sounds like a plan! I set Gene down and we head into the tent. Inside it sounds like there's only two others browsing around in here. A loud, obnoxious, satanic sounding voice comes and greats us.

"Heeey waz up babes! Whats a fine looking pair of hotties like youz doing in ma tent?"
"Oh, we're ah just looking."
"Looking good am I right! It's shame such a hot looking babe like yourself can't see just how sexy she is. Even worse though, you're missing out seeing such a hot stud like myself"
"Ah...so, what do you sell here?"
"Oh I'll sell anything to you baby! I've got some cuh razy jewelry that can do all sorts of funky shit and some uhh... very interesting 'toys' to play with at night. And if you just can't get enough of me, well we could spend some time in the back if you catch the drift."
Well, he's "interesting" to say the least. Should I ask about anything here or should we just book it?
>>
No. 696167 ID: cd90cb

Okay, who the hell throws a circus or fair or whatever in the middle of winter?
>>
No. 696186 ID: 3d2d5f

>You expect a tiny rabbit like myself to be able to toss those big balls at those milk bottles of yours? I doubt I could even lift the ball off this table.
I'm wincing at the missed double entendres.

>red !
Not sure if that means enchantment, or just a general warning for the incoming ball. Still, those jugs were fixed in place, magically or otherwise.

>ask anything or book it
Uhhh, what's popular?
>>
No. 696213 ID: 7b65b9

Go to the back and see if he has any of those cool light up spinning string toys, those are a blast at night and I bet you'd love it.
>>
No. 696465 ID: 15a025
File 145349518484.gif - (11.34KB , 800x600 , cig.gif )
696465

>Okay, who the hell throws a circus or fair or whatever in the middle of winter?
Well, it is kind of almost always winter around here so... I don't really know.

>red !
>Not sure if that means enchantment, or just a general warning for the incoming ball. Still, those jugs were fixed in place, magically or otherwise.
From what I remember red exclamation marks mean something harmful or dangerous. Although only other time I've ever saw it was when I cut myself on that razor blade. Should be worth having Nibbles look into though.

>see if he has any of those cool light up spinning string toys, those are a blast at night and I bet you'd love it.
As cool as those sound I don't think I'd actually be able to see them in action.
>Uhhh, what's popular?
"What seems to be the best seller here?"
"Enchanted rings that serve as an endless cigarette lighter. Nothing to fancy. Seems like all the ladies are buying up the "magic wands" though."
"Magic wands? I never knew those existed. What kind of magic could I cast with one?"
"There uh... not that kind of magic wand. There uh... ah never mind."
"What other kind of enchanted stuff do you have?"
"Only got those wacky rings. Tell ya what, if you buy the ring, I'll throw in a free pack just cause you're smokin hot!
"Oh uh, gee thanks for the offer but I'm not a smoker actually."
"Shoot, well I don't think I got anything else you'd be interested in then Bambi girl. Hope you and little thumper there enjoy our show today! It's gonna be a hot one!"
I wave goodbye and leave the tent. The vendor seemed a little creepy but at least he was nicer than the ball toss guy. Brrr... It's kind of getting chilly out here. Feels like the wind is picking up a bit out here. Hope this doesn't mean there's a snowstorm or something starting.

"Rainy, radio's fer you. It's Nibs."
Whoa, I was actually starting to think Digs was mute or something. His voice is pretty low and gruff sounding.
"How do I use it?"
"..."
Well time to start pushing buttons till something works.
"Hello?"
"Rainy? Hey they're starting the show early or something. I'm hiding behind some boxes by the circus tent."
"Were you able to find anything backstage?"
"No, it was way too dark back there to see anything. I could definitely hear some pretty scary howls and moans though. We'll talk about it more when the show starts. Just be on your guard."
The radio cuts out and there's only static. Must of turned it off or something?

"Here's your radio back Digs."
"...kay."
"So what did Officer Nibbles say?"
"Shows starting early I guess."
"She find any useful info?"
"Sounds like she didn't find much."
"Better hobble into the circus tent now before it starts getting crowded and all the front row seats are taken."

We all start heading to the tent but stop when a familiar voice calls for me.
"Rainy? Hey Rainy is that you up there?"
It sounds like Candy! How should I respond?
>>
No. 696534 ID: 0b66e1

>It sounds like Candy! How should I respond?
The usual way when one encounters a friend unexpectedly. With happiness and surprise.

I mean, pretending you're not you really isn't gonna work, all you can do is roll with it.

She okay? Her eyes aren't bothering her anymore?
>>
No. 696579 ID: 7b65b9

You should go up to her and give her a warm friendly hug.
And a giant non-platonic kiss on the lips.
>>
No. 697021 ID: 15a025
File 145375774319.png - (13.04KB , 800x600 , really bad popcorn.png )
697021

>The usual way when one encounters a friend unexpectedly. With happiness and surprise.
>You should go up to her and give her a warm friendly hug.
I walk over to Candy and give her nice friendly hug
"Candy! Hey long time no see. It's been a few months."
"Oh ah, okay sudden hugs are nice I guess? Glad to see you're doing fine. So uh, who are your friends over there?"
"They're my uh... bodyguards?"
"Bodyguards? Oh right, there's some group of terrorists out for you. The hell they want with you anyway?"
"Let's not talk about that in the open here. Why don't we all go and find some seats and try to enjoy the show?"
"Sounds like a plan, hey you want some of this pop corn? It's pretty good."
"I'd love to!"
Candy hands me a bag of pop corn and I grab a handful. It's not very good though, it's soggy from being bathed in butter and really cold and stale tasting. I hand the bag back to her and we head off to meet up with Nibbles, then after that we all head in and end up getting the crummy high up seats seats.
>>
No. 697022 ID: 15a025
File 145375780182.gif - (7.20KB , 800x600 , rings of fire.gif )
697022

The five of us all sit down together on the freezing bleachers and wait for the show to start. Officer Nibbles climbs up onto my shoulders and starts whispering some info into my ear.
"So like I was saying, there was some pretty scary howling and moaning noises going on backstage."
"What about them?"
"I...I almost want to say they've got chimeras or some beast of the like locked up or something there."
"Chi...chimeras! If that's true then, what are we going to do if they unleash them or something?"
"I'm not sure. Only way you can kill them is with extremely powerful light magic. I think the better question though is, if they do have chimeras locked up back there. How did they get them and keep them locked up?"
Before I can say anything else on the subject some loud explosions go off and a loud announcer voice echoes through the tent.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the wonderful Circus Volure! Our first act of the day will feature the amazing Penny Rapit and her extraordinary pogo stick tricks. Gaze in awe as she does jaw dropping stunts through rings of fire!"
The crowd claps and cheers up a wave of applause for the performer. The radar flashes up another red exclamation point and the smell of smoke soon follows. Nibbles starts whispering something into my ear but it's hard to hear over the crowd
"Rainy! They're using rings with ignition enchantments to light the rings of fire."
"Sounds like fun, has the pogo stick person come out yet?"
"No, Rainy this isn't good. It's hard to see from all the way over here but there's other enchantments on the ring. Looks like the announcer also has a maxed out fireball enchantment on her as well. What do you think we should do?"
>>
No. 697107 ID: 0b66e1

>practical use of enchantments
Um, is any of that actually illegal? I mean, a normal circus would just light up the rings of fire mechanically, but what's wrong with using enchantments to do it?

>What do you think we should do?
Unless we have a good, pressing reason to take action, we shouldn't. You're surrounded by a crowd of civilians- even if there weren't dangerous enchantments in play, causing a panic in a space like this could result in deaths. (People fleeing, the big top coming down).

So unless you think the people here are going to be at immediate risk, you stick to your covers and do nothing.
>>
No. 697338 ID: 15a025
File 145383423782.gif - (12.29KB , 800x600 , Ireallyneedtogetbetteratdrawingstuff.gif )
697338

>Um, is any of that actually illegal? I mean, a normal circus would just light up the rings of fire mechanically, but what's wrong with using enchantments to do it?
"What's wrong with her using enchantments to light the rings?"
"What's wrong is with those enchantments they could lights us all up and have us burn a fiery death with the flick of a finger, minus Digs."

>Unless we have a good, pressing reason to take action, we shouldn't. You're surrounded by a crowd of civilians- even if there weren't dangerous enchantments in play, causing a panic in a space like this could result in deaths. (People fleeing, the big top coming down).
"If we start a scene now with everyone up in these bleachers it's going to cause panic, and that panic could easily cause injuries and possibly death. Shoot, what if things got really bad the whole big top started coming down? I think it'd be better to wait and see some aggression or hostility before we intervene with the acts."
"Alright. I'm telling you though, I'm pretty scared about what they can do here. Also for reference the pogo stick performer is wearing an earring with a fire shield enchantment. Basically that makes it so the rings of fire can't actually hurt her in case she screws up."
"Sounds like a good thing to have."
"It's great if you have the license to use them."
Candy interrupts the conversation
"Keep it down you two! There about to announce the next act."

"Wasn't that just fantastic folks! Let's all give a round of applause for Penny here!"
Sounds of clapping and cheers fill the tent as the crowd cheers for the performer.
"Who's ready for the next act?!"
The crowd yells and cheers to see what's next.
"Oh I don't know, sounds a little dead in here. Who's ready to see one of the few tamed chimaeras we have go through a wild and dangerous obstacle course!?"
The crowd roars even louder and demands to see it happen.
"Alright then! Let's hear it for the amazing tiger-bat hybrid chimera Tybalt beast tamer Cyril!"
The radar picks up the two new performers and flashes the hearts up.

"Hey Nibbles, is the chimera the one on the left or is that the tamer? Also, any enchantments on them?"
"Chimera is sitting on the left. I'd get ready to defend your-self and the crowd, that thing does not look contempt at all. As for enchantments that Cyril guy is loaded. He's got Light Orbs, Binding Ring, Flash, and two battle charms."
"Another questions, what does it mean when a heart starts flashing multiple colors?"
"Nothing good. Generally means they're emotionally unstable...It's the chimera isn't it?"
"Yeah..."
"Great, first we have performers with crazy powerful magic and now an emotionally unstable chimera. Is time to pull a show stopper yet or are we still going to just sit here and wait for something bad to happen?"
>>
No. 697403 ID: 7b65b9

If you jump down now they might see you coming and fire at you with the fire enchantment. If you plan to attack them right now, I think you should wait for an opening when they are concentrating on the act.
>>
No. 697616 ID: 02422f

>Is time to pull a show stopper yet or are we still going to just sit here and wait for something bad to happen?
Um what options do we have for a show stopper?

Digs might be able to engage and neutralize the offensive enchantments (if he can keep them both focused on him), but that leaves the two of you to neutralize the chimera. We don't know it's capabilities or if your arm is enough for the task. (And using it will completely blow your cover). And Nibbs isn't a heavy hitter. (And you might be equipped to be one, but you're untested in a real fight).

And there's a crowd of civilians we have no effective way to protect or control if stuff starts flying.

It's getting more dangerous but I don't see any good way to shut things down quickly and safely. We came with a team picked for recon and investigation, not a riot squad.

Hopefully we can defer to police expertise if Nibs has a plan...?
>>
No. 697700 ID: 15a025
File 145395200987.png - (5.50KB , 800x600 , planning stage 2.png )
697700

>If you jump down now they might see you coming and fire at you with the fire enchantment. If you plan to attack them right now, I think you should wait for an opening when they are concentrating on the act.
"I agree that we need to do something soon but we need to wait just a little bit more. If just jump down now and start making a scene while they're setting things up they'll notice right away and get us. Let's start making a plan and surprise them in the middle of the act!"
"Hey now there's a good idea! Alright, so lay it on us. What's our plan of attack?"

>Digs might be able to engage and neutralize the offensive enchantments (if he can keep them both focused on him), but that leaves the two of you to neutralize the chimera.
"How well do you think Digs could handle those two with the enchanted stuff?"
"He could probably shrug off the magic and de-mobilize them with his pistol. He's a pretty good shot."

>We don't know it's capabilities or if your arm is enough for the task. (And using it will completely blow your cover). And Nibbs isn't a heavy hitter. (And you might be equipped to be one, but you're untested in a real fight).
"So let's say Digs is able to keep the performers out of our way and distracted. How well do you think the two of us could handle the chimera. Think the bionic arm could kill it?"
"You'd distract it at best, maybe if you're really lucky and it's a weaker chimera you might even knock it out for a few moments. The only way to kill a chimera is with some pretty strong light enchantments."
"Speaking of enchantments what's your load out, it any?"
"If I had the license to carry the heavy hitters around I would, but I don't. All I've got is a non-elemental shield, a speed boost enchantment, and one that completely immobilizes the target for exactly 1 minuet."
"That last one sounds pretty useful, couldn't you just keep casting that on someone and keep them still for as long as we need?"
"It'd be nice if I could but it takes a half hour to charge back up."

>And there's a crowd of civilians we have no effective way to protect or control if stuff starts flying.
"My biggest concern here is protecting the civilians. If things go astray or stuff starts falling down we don't have a way to really keep everyone safe, or if that chimera starts flying around what do we do then?"
"If that thing starts flying around attacking us, we're all dead."

>Hopefully we can defer to police expertise if Nibs has a plan...?
"Any ideas of your Nibbles?"
"You know, I just thought of something that might get us two allies in taking down that chimera, It's risky though. The chimera is obviously panicking or freaking out over all this, that or it's really mad at the tamer guy. I'm willing to beat once this thing gets a chance to attack it's going to strike out at the him first. This is where we should jump and work with them to take it down seeing as one of them has light enchantments that could kill it easily. After that we make our arrests and go from there. Sound good?"
What do you spooky guides think?
>>
No. 698206 ID: 7b65b9

I think a good plan is:
Discreetly move into position close to them, wait for them to all be distracted. Use the speed spell, run in, and have nibs take out the guy with the light magic item or quickly yank it from his possession. Then you freeze the chimera. Have Diggs hold back the two while you and Nibbs hit the chimera with the light magic. The main problem I see with that is I don't know if we know exactly what item has the light magic, so we might have to search his body which could take too long.
>>
No. 698547 ID: 15a025
File 145426785479.gif - (21.74KB , 800x600 , it's eating her, and then it's going to .gif )
698547

>I think a good plan is:
>Discreetly move into position close to them, wait for them to all be distracted. Use the speed spell, >run in, and have nibs take out the guy with the light magic item or quickly yank it from his >possession. Then you freeze the chimera. Have Diggs hold back the two while you and Nibbs hit the >chimera with the light magic. The main problem I see with that is I don't know if we know exactly >what item has the light magic, so we might have to search his body which could take too long.
Let me run the plan over with Nibbles and the others to see what they think.

"Sounds good with me except with for one part, you can't have more than one enchanted item on you at a time."
"Whys that Nibbles?"
"The magic in the gemstones 'gets pretty greedy' when another gemstone comes in contact with you and they kind of fight for dominance or something and the weaker stone ends up braking. So as a work around we're going to need some else to steal the tamer's enchanted ring. You and I already have an enchanted item on and this is the downside to Digs' magic immunity, he can't use magic either. So that just leaves Dr. Gene left."

A loud shriek echoes through the tent and Candy taps me on the shoulder.
"Uh, Rainy. I think you might want to get out of here or do something."
"What's going on?" Why is everyone screaming?"
"The announcer lady is getting mauled by the chimera and the tamer guy is just standing there laughing manically. And now it's eating her..."
"Rainy I hate to butt in here, but we need to sneak down there and put a stop to this before that thing starts going after someone else."
"Agreed. Candy try to stay safe or find a way out of here, I'm going to try and end this before someone gets hurt."
"Ah what? I'm not going to sit up here, do nothing, and watch you all get mauled and eaten by that thing. I'm coming with you."
"Candy no, you'll get killed!"
"And you won't? Come on now, how do you expect to kill those two without a weapon anyway."
I'd tell her my freaky robot arm is a weapon but I can't really use it without blowing my cover. What if this guy and the chimera are part of that terrorist group?
"Rainy, let's go! That thing is almost done eating the performer!"

What should I tell Candy? Should I let her join in or...?
>>
No. 698656 ID: 7b65b9

You should give her chimera paralyzing duty, since you need your enchantment, and Nibbles would be best for taking the light magic item off Cyril.
>>
No. 698946 ID: 8658b3

>>698908
Hey come on now man, if you're going to post like that at least post it in the discussion thread instead of here.
>>
No. 699205 ID: 3641d4

>>699192
You don't need to be so rude man. It's the guy's first attempt at a quest, give him some slack. If you don't like it then don't read it.
>>
No. 699215 ID: 8658b3

>>699192
Because I'm enjoying the story that's why.
>>
No. 699312 ID: 15a025
File 145471248255.png - (6.27KB , 800x600 , stunn.png )
699312

>You should give her chimera paralyzing duty, since you need your enchantment, and Nibbles would be best for taking the light magic item off Cyril.
"Nibbles can that one enchantment paralyze the chimera for a bit?"
"It can but our mileage may vary. Instead of lasting a minute, it might only last half a minute or even less. It's hard to say though, there haven't been many chimera attacks so knowledge on them has been pretty limited. Why do you ask?"
"Just some last minute planning. Every bit of info helps."
"Well come on let's get going then?"

Sounds like stunning the chimera is a risky option, should we still try and go throw with this though?

Sorry if seems like I'm beating around the bush here with things or if it seems like I'm stalling here. Don't want to spoiler a whole lot here but I might be over thinking things for the big fight scene coming up here.
Also, please keep the conversations about thoughts on the quest and such in the discussion thread. It's kind of dead and lonely over there.
>>
No. 699393 ID: 02422f

I... don't think you can put people's safety and lives above your cover. It we need another body for the plan, and that means Candy needs to play a role or see stuff she's not supposed to, that's a price to be paid.

She's already sort of involved after the terrorist thing, anyways.

Have Candy help. You can explain later, if you have to.

Zap plus arm smash will hopefully keep the Chimera down a bit.

>So that just leaves Dr. Gene left.
I... don't really think she's a combat character.
>>
No. 699577 ID: 15a025
File 145481817274.gif - (24.67KB , 800x600 , battle time.gif )
699577

>I... don't think you can put people's safety and lives above your cover.
I don't think I can do that either.

>It we need another body for the plan, and that means Candy needs to play a role or see stuff she's not supposed to, that's a price to be paid. She's already sort of involved after the terrorist thing, anyways. Have Candy help. You can explain later, if you have to.
Yeah, I probably better come clean with Candy on what's happening. I'm not a very good liar and I don't want to end up losing her trust or friendship.

>Zap + arm smash will hopefully keep the Chimera down a bit.
Sounds better than seeing the effectiveness of an enchantment that might do nothing at all to it.

>I... don't really think Dr. Gene's a combat character.
She's definitely the team healer. She can kind of hold her own against some of the more rude helpers back on the lab but these guys seem a lot stronger than your average angry drunk.

"Rainy come on, that thing just finished eating up the announcer we need to go now!"
"Alright I'm coming Nibbles, Candy's coming to help us fight as well!"
"Yeah okay just hurry up."
The group of us scurry down the bleachers and rush up onto the stage

Hahaha! Yes! Eat up my little pet, just a few more till.. eh? Who the hell are the five of you? Come here to sacrifice your souls to my little pet here before he feasts on the rest of the crowd's souls? No need to answer that, let the show begin!"
Nibbles shouts to everyone
"Everybody get ready! He's pulling out a battle charm!"
"Nibbles, what's a battle charm do?"
"You'll find out in a moment. This is really going to throw a wrench in our plans."
Soon it goes silent and then a voice starts speaking in my head. Not like the voice of you spooky helper spirits, but a voice that sounds like a smart old guy.

"Please pick the method of combat. Grid based battle, turn based battle, and tournament fighting matches are your choices.
"Can you tell me the rules for any of these?"
"I am unable to tell you any rules. Please select a method of combat"
What should I pick?
>>
No. 699609 ID: 7b65b9

I'd say go with turn based. It's easy to understand easy to keep track of, straight forward, and I don't know about everyone else, but it's what I have the most experience in.
>>
No. 699742 ID: 02422f

>>699577
Turn based, I think.
>>
No. 699929 ID: 15a025
File 145489467078.gif - (70.96KB , 800x600 , vote casted.gif )
699929

rolled 47, 5, 34, 42, 2, 29 = 159

>I'd say go with turn based. It's easy to understand easy to keep track of, straight forward, and I don't know about everyone else, but it's what I have the most experience in.
>Turn based, I think.

"I'll choose turn based."
"Are you sure?"
"Yup."
"Are you positive?"
"Yup."
"Your vote has been casted. Please wait while the other five cast their votes."
Other five? Looks like everyone else got sucked into this as well.

"The votes are in. Four votes for turned based to two votes for tournament fighting. The battle will be turn based combat. All participants have been set into two teams and will be four vs two."
"Who's on what team?"
You will be on a team with the others known as Nibbles, Candy, and Gene. Your opponents are the ones known as Cyril and Tybalt. Is this okay?"
"Works for me."

"Now for the rules. All participants will take turns trading hits with the enemy team. Turn order will be determined by random dice rolls. When a member of a team's health level reaches zero, they will simply be unconscious for a few hours. Fight ends when everyone on one team is knocked out. As a prize, the winning team may turn a member from the losing team into an enchantment stone. Note that the member must be a living being and have a soul in order to transform them. Would you like me to not repeat the rules?"
"No."
"Again, all participants will take turns trading hits with the enemy team. Turn order will be determined by random dice rolls. When a member of a team's health level reaches zero, they will simply be unconscious for a few hours. Fight ends when everyone on one team is knocked out. As a prize, the winning team may turn a member from the losing team into an enchantment stone. Note that the member must be a living being and have a soul in order to transform them. Would you like me to repeat the rules? "
"Nope, I think I understand things. Oh quick question, do we get to pick the element the stone will be?"
"You may. If you have no further questions the battles shall commence."

Dice roll order: Rainy, Candy, Nibbles, Dr. Gene, Cyril, Tybalt (the chimera). Highest number goes first, lowest number goes last.
>>
No. 699953 ID: 02422f

>As a prize, the winning team may turn a member from the losing team into an enchantment stone.
...could we get that explained in more detail? We can magically transform someone into a stone? Are they still aware / conscious? Is this fatal? Is it reversible?

...I suppose the logical thing to do would be to seal the chimera this way, maybe, if it can't otherwise be safely contained.

>turn order
So... Rainy, Dr. Gene, Nibbles, Tybalt / Chimera, Candy, Cyril.

Do we just makes things up now, or does turn based come with combat menus?
>>
No. 700028 ID: 3641d4

>As a prize, the winning team may turn a member from the losing team into an enchantment stone. Note that the member must be a living being and have a soul in order to transform them.

So...can we turn the chimera into a stone or do they not have souls?
>>
No. 700090 ID: 8658b3

>>700045
Okay we get it. You don't like the quest. If you hate it so much, don't read it.
>>
No. 700204 ID: 15a025
File 145496719580.gif - (41.91KB , 800x600 , turn 1.gif )
700204

>...could we get that explained in more detail? We can magically transform someone into a stone? Are they still aware / conscious? Is this fatal? Is it reversible?
"Could you explain the whole prize thing in more detail? Like, is the person we transform still aware or alive? Is the transformation reversible?"
"I don't usually explain this stuff but eh, you've got me a good day so sure. The person not only transforms into the stone, but the stone will also contain their soul and will act like a summon enchantment. So they're technically still alive, they just don't have a physical body. As for being reversible, I'm sure one of the great sages of this world could undo it and give their soul a new body.

>So...can we turn the chimera into a stone or do they not have souls?
"Is it possible to turn a chimera into a stone?"
"Nope. Even though chimeras sometimes have a soul of their own, they're too powerful and corrupted with the powers of the underworld for it to work."

>Do we just makes things up now, or does turn based come with combat menus?
"So exactly how does the fighting here work? Is there some fancy menu thing we have to go through or do we just get the ability to walk up and smack the guy in the face turn by turn?"
"Fancy menus? Blaw, you kids these days play too many of those goofy computer games. Nope, you just get to run up and smash your enemies face into the dirt on your turn or use an item or get ready to block an upcoming attack. Magic also has it's uses here as well. Don't think that just slapping someone's face is going to do a whole lot on its own though. Bonus damage is sometimes dealt if you're good at hamming things up a bit."
"Hamming things up?"
"Ya know, like acting. Instead of punching someone in the gut, make it sound more interesting by saying it's a special move of yours or something. Catching my drift here?"
"That's certainly different but okay. Shouldn't be too hard."

"I hope it comes easy for you otherwise you'll be taking a nice dirt nap. Well there's no more time for questions, we got to start it now.
"Why's that?"
"I'm running out of power here. Hope you do good and win!"
Things start feeling weird after that. Like it feels like I'm waking up from a dream. After standing up, the enchanted radar draws out an interesting image for me. Looks like everyone has different HP, Nibbles being the highest plus having something called MP?

"About time you got back up Rainy, you play twenty questions with that old spirit guy or something?"
"Nibbles! Yeah, I asked a lot of questions and still have some. Where are we?"
"Still on the stage at the circus, except now there's a magic barrier surrounding the stage to protect everyone outside it from getting hurt from stray attacks."
"Well that's good. Where's Digs?"
"He's up here on stage with us in the barrier. He's the only one able to move around right now and listed as my only useable item. Kind of funny actually."
"Wait listed items? Where's the list of items?"
"On this tiny black and white monitor by me. I think Candy and Gene have items they can use as well."
"Do I have any items?"
"Nope, you don't even have a monitor."
"What about our opponents?"
"They've got no items, Cyril still has his enchantments though so watch out."
"Hey deer girl, shut up and take your turn already. I'm getting tired of waiting over here. It's bad enough I'm last on the turn list over here but, listening to your cluelessness is even worse."
"You'll have to wait your turn like everyone else mister...Cyril is it? Also what's the turn order here?"
Ugh, you're in a team of cops and this is your first time in a battle zone isn't it? This is going to be a pain, but not as bad of a pain for you after I kick your ass."
"Ignore him Rainy. Turn order is: You, Dr. Gene, Nibbles, the chimera, Candy, and then Cyril."
"You annoying little mouse! How dare you refer to my beautiful creation as just 'the chimera'! Call him by his name Tybalt or fear our wrath!"
"Oh I'm so scared."
"You better be!
"Okay, so Gene you've got items as well? What are they?"
"I'm not so sure I should just blurt out what I've got for items or how many I have when the enemy team can hear us. I'll let you know what they are when a useful time comes up for them though."
"Good thinking. Candy are your items all stuff you want kept secret?"
"I'll tell you what I got when it's my turn. Don't want beast breath over there getting ideas."
"Beast breath! You smelly sheep! After that annoying mouse is out of my way you're next!"
"Yeah okay buddy. Rainy, think you could take your turn now? I'm getting a little antsy over here to do some clobbering."

Seems like everyone is eager to take their turn then. What should I do, and to who?

Not sure how everyone wants to do suggestions for the battle here with three memebers of the team going first, so you may throw a suggestion for just Rainy or her, Gene, and Nibbles all at once. You may do either way you like. Nibbles is also able to use her enchantments as well! She may only target herself or an enemy to use them on though. Each casting costs 1 to 20 MP and will be determined by a dice roll on her turn. Other than that, have fun with it! Also let me know if I should post future rules like this into the discussion thread or just at the end like this. Wasn't too sure...
>>
No. 700224 ID: 02422f

>summon enchantment
I... guess turning a dangerous Chimera into a summon makes sense. Contained, but still useable. (Or maybe we could use it on the person the chimera already started eating to save them? Although they might not be eligible since they aren't fighting and/or could already be dead).

Of course the guy who cast that seems to think he can use it to capture one of us for who knows what reason. Interrogation? Horrible soul rituals?

>"Is it possible to turn a chimera into a stone?"
>"Nope.
Umm. Nevermind. I guess we're taking the other one prisoner, then.

>something called MP
Magic points. Apparently she can cast.

>[Digs] listed as my only useable item. Kind of funny actually.
I'm guessing his magic immunity meant the spell didn't recognize him as a person, that's why he can only participate as Nibb's item.

>what do
I think Rainy should go after the jerk who put us here. He's very likely smarter and weaker than the Chimera, and will only serve to buff / support / direct it as long as he's active. It'll be easier to take down if we KO him first.

Go punch him, hard, with your cyber arm. If we want to ham it up, it's an attack that will be underestimated, since you look like a little deer girl, not a heavy hitter. (Deer Driver? Blind Bludgeoning? Rain of Pain?).

Nibbles should probably buff the party, or debuff the chimera. Weaken the boss.

I suspect Gene's our healer, so I'm not sure what she can do before we take a hit... maybe she brought some gadgets or medical stuff that can be used offensively?
>>
No. 700422 ID: 3641d4

>Nibbles should probably buff the party, or debuff the chimera. Weaken the boss.
>Nibbles is also able to use her enchantments as well! She may only target herself or an enemy to use them on though.
I don't think she can buff anyone other than herself. What were her enchantments again? I remember there was a shield, speed boost, and something that could stun someone. Anything else?
>>
No. 700473 ID: 8658b3

Hang on. What's preventing you from just stabbing them with a knife or shooting them with a gun in a fatal area, thus killing them?
>>
No. 700535 ID: 15a025
File 145505340288.gif - (42.95KB , 800x600 , Turn 2.gif )
700535

>Hang on. What's preventing you from just stabbing them with a knife or shooting them with a gun in a fatal area, thus killing them?
"Hey Nibbles, what's stopping me from just stabbing the guy with a knife and killing him?"
"One, that'd be lame and not lower his HP much at all. Two, magic is all over this place interfering with everything so it's hard to explain what's really going on in here. Sorry if the explanation was lame but it's the best I got."

>Nibbles should probably buff the party, or debuff the chimera. Weaken the boss.
>I don't think she can buff anyone other than herself.
"Nibbles can you use your enchantments on us?"
"Nope, I can only cast the speed boost and non-elemental shield on myself. I can also stun one of them for a few turns with my other enchantment."

>I suspect Gene's our healer, so I'm not sure what she can do before we take a hit... maybe she brought some gadgets or medical stuff that can be used offensively?
I remember her mentioning she was bringing some first aid kits with incase things got heated. I'm sure she has something to heal us up with but I'm not sure about offensive stuff. Maybe she has a rusty needle or something?

>Go punch him, hard, with your cyber arm. If we want to ham it up, it's an attack that will be underestimated, since you look like a little deer girl, not a heavy hitter. (Deer Driver? Blind Bludgeoning? Rain of Pain?).
Those are pretty good actually. I think I know what I'll say and do now.
"Alright, so how do I take my turn?"
"Just run up to your target, spew something cheesy or funny and deck them. If you're guarding just say so, same with using an item."
I run up to Cyril and go a little overboard.

"Prepare your-self you heinous villain, for I am the heroic Blind Bludgeoner! For trying to kill the innocent people of our city and powering up a chimera, you've earned the spot to be the first to get a taste of my special move, the Deer Driver!!!"
I make a pretty good fist swing it hard, but then time freezes on me for a second and that wise old sounding guy starts talking in my head again.
"Whops, forgot you're blind there. Unlucky for you, that gives you the blind status which reduces your accuracy by fifteen percent."
"Uh...what?"
"It means that even if you manage to hit the guy, your attack will just phase through him."
"Hey that isn't fair, actually that's worse than being not fair. That's discrimination."
"Sorry, I don't make the rules. I just enforce them."
"So, I've only got an eighty-five percent chance of hitting this guy now?"
"Actually you have an eighty percent chance to hit him. There's always a five percent chance someone's attack will just phase through. 'Seeing' as we messed up and didn't tell you about this I'll give you a guaranteed shot of hitting him just this once as an apology."
"So you don't make rules but you can bend them?"
"Sorry, I can only bend the rules if I screw up on something. After this though you'll have the lowered hit percent."

Time unfreezes and knock that sucker right in the gut. I can hear him coughing and groaning pretty hard.
"You lucky... hey hang on a seconded, that's...that's the bionic arm we're after! Oh wait till boss hears this one! There's no way I can afford to lose this battle now.
A loud, enthusiastic voice echoes through the field.

"Wow! Now that's what we call getting into the act of things! Rainy deals 75 damage to Cyril. A perfect acting bonus of 100 damage is also dealt. The attack was also a critical hit! Double the damage is dealt. Cyril has taken a massive total of 350 damage!"
"Heh, that was nothing compared to what I've got for you in return."

"Uh-oh! Looks like Rainy worked it too hard! She's gone blind as a side affect! -15% accuracy for her attacks."

It's now Dr. Gene's turn.
Damn, Rainy really did a number on that freak with her arm. He's even sitting there coughing up a good amount of blood too. I'm not too sure if I'd be able to top that performance. All I've got are my first aid kits as items to heal us if we need to, would those even restore HP? Only other stuff I got to use is a bottle of pepper spray and a small police baton that Digs fellow lent me on the way here. I could also just guard in case they come after me first.
"Hey Thumper! H..hurry up and make a move, I don't have all day here!"

Dang that's one impatient patient over there. What could I do to make him shut up?
>>
No. 700555 ID: 02422f

>"Whops, forgot you're blind there. Unlucky for you, that gives you the blind status which reduces your accuracy by fifteen percent."
I call rules lawyer on this! Rainy isn't using her eyes to target by, she's using a magic radar enchantment. Therefore her blindness isn't a detriment to her accuracy. If anything, she should be treated like a telepath in nethack- immune to blind and line of sight effects so long as she's targeting something with a mind. How can you be rpg mode and not take enchanted equipment into effect?

>Only other stuff I got to use is a bottle of pepper spray
>Dang that's one impatient patient over there. What could I do to make him shut up?
Pepper spray. In the face. That should apply the blind status effect to we were just so kindly informed of on him. And the maybe count as a stun or paralyze that costs him a turn while he's writhing and coughing.

>first aid kits
You should be well aware that inappropriate applications of medications can be harmful or fatal. I'm not sure you'd consider it a violation of your Hippocratic oath (he's an assailant, not a patient), but you could certainly try to sedate or kill him chemically? Depends on what you have.

>I can only cast the speed boost and non-elemental shield on myself. I can also stun one of them for a few turns with my other enchantment.
If speed boost means you get more turns more often, you should probably cast that. Anything that gives you more actions is important in turn based systems.

If speed boost is just ups your speed stat for an evasion, accuracy and/or damage bonus, you're probably better off stunning the chimera. Stun locking the boss so it can't hit is an effective strategy, when the useful useless status aliments aren't blocked.
>>
No. 700746 ID: 15a025
File 145513794067.gif - (44.61KB , 800x600 , Genes attack.gif )
700746

>I call rules lawyer on this! Rainy isn't using her eyes to target by, she's using a magic radar enchantment. Therefore her blindness isn't a detriment to her accuracy. If anything, she should be treated like a telepath in nethack- immune to blind and line of sight effects so long as she's targeting something with a mind. How can you be rpg mode and not take enchanted equipment into effect?
"Hang on Dr. Gene, there's something wrong going on here. Rule guy get back here and talk with me for a second!"
Rule guy? Did that scum bag cheat or something? Ah whatever might as well think about my options more while she settles whatever it is.

>Pepper spray. In the face. That should apply the blind status effect to we were just so kindly informed of on him. And the maybe count as a stun or paralyze that costs him a turn while he's writhing and coughing.
I'm either going crazy or someone's in my head and giving me suggestions? I'll roll with it for now. Pepper spraying him seems like my best option if it can blind the jerk. What else you got crazy voices?

>You should be well aware that inappropriate applications of medications can be harmful or fatal. I'm not sure you'd consider it a violation of your Hippocratic oath (he's an assailant, not a patient), but you could certainly try to sedate or kill him chemically? Depends on what you have.
I know he isn't my patient! I was just making a joke to what I thought was just to myself. Anyway I wouldn't use a first-aid kit to kill or harm someone when I could better use it to help out Rainy or the others if they get hurt. Nothing really harmful in them anyway. Just some bandages and wraps, couple tongue-depressors, bottle of rubbing alcohol, and some Tylenol. Speaking of, I'm probably going to need some of that Tylenol after this if that loud mouth doesn't shut it.
"You do know it's your turn! Let's g...ahh! Damn you deer girl!"

Whops! Looks like our rule lawyer is an incompetent moron who doesn't know what everyone's enchantments do. The blindness status has been removed from her and she is now immune to it as well!
"Oh come on that's...aaa the pain it burns in my gut! Hurry up and be quick like the bunny you're supposed to be!"
Okay that's it, it's pepper spray time. What should I say though? Oh I've got it! I run up to the obnoxious loser and pull out the pepper spray
"You better 'pepper' yourself for this one!"
I go spray the entire bottle in his eyes. Little overkill but hope it's enough to keep him occupied for now.
"It burns! You monster! Did you really have to use the whole bottle like that!"
"Yes, now let's hear those results."

"Wow! We got a natural battle-medic here today! Too bad pepper spray is pretty weak for a weapon.
"I'd like to beg to differ over here! This stuff is very painful!
Is it? Well in that case let's ramp up that damage then. Dr. Gene has dealt a painful 20 damage to Cyril. Her great pun adds an extra 5 damage as an acting bonus as well. Cyril has been blinded by the pepper spray which lowers his accuracy by a whole 15%! Looks like he's also still coughing up blood from that last blow as well, earning him the bleeding status. What's that do? Why he loses a whole 5 HP at the end of his turn. Cyril has taken a total of 25 damage plus earned himself 2 status ailments! It's going to take a lot for him to pull out a win at this rate! Let's see if Nibbles can finish it before the poor man even get's a turn!
>>
No. 700747 ID: 15a025
File 145513802172.gif - (44.61KB , 800x600 , Genes attack.gif )
700747

rolled 6 = 6

Looks like this fight might be easier than I thought it'd be. Then again we did get lucky with that turn order. Sucks I don't really have anything offensive to take him down with. Hm...

>If speed boost means you get more turns more often, you should probably cast that. Anything that gives you more actions is important in turn based systems.
Am I hearing voices in my hea...oh you must be Rainy's guide spirits. Didn't think it was a shared enchantment for things like these fights but eh, works for me. Anyway, speed boost doesn't give me extra turns or turns more often. It just makes it so I move up on the turn list. Be more useful if I could cast it on someone else.

>If speed boost is just ups your speed stat for an evasion, accuracy and/or damage bonus, you're probably better off stunning the chimera. Stun locking the boss so it can't hit is an effective strategy, when the useful useless status aliments aren't blocked.
Not sure if the stun enchantment works on chimeras or not but it's worth a shot.

"Looks like Nibbles is using an enchantment on Tybalt, let's see if she manages to hit him for cheap!

Rolling for MP cost.
>>
No. 700748 ID: 15a025
File 145513818308.png - (48.04KB , 800x600 , Nibbles turn.png )
700748

rolled 1 = 1

"Would you look at that folks! Nibbles managed to stun the chimera! Who even knew that was possible! Looks like we're skipping his turn and moving on to Candy's turn!

"Oh come on that's bull-AAAH! Someone get me a wash cloth or something! This pepper spray still burns!!!
Heh, what a loser. I feel a little sorry for the poor sucker but not enough the let him have a shot. Let see now. I've got a butterfly knife I could stab him with, some of my special smokes, and...a rock? Why's that listed as an item? Says my smokes give me an attack boost but they'll damage me a bit if I use them. Should I power up or knock this looser out?

Rolling for how many turns the chimera is stunned. Nibbles must wait 2 turns on top of what is rolled before she can cast stun again. Ex, if 3 is rolled. Nibbles must wait 5 turns before stun is casted again.
>>
No. 700802 ID: 02422f

>This stuff is very painful!
>Is it? Well in that case let's ramp up that damage then.
Ahahaha, lesson learned. Don't complain, or the rules lawyer might take it into account.

>>700748
Well only one round stunned ain't bad, but we've pretty effectively locked Cyril down. (I'd almost feel bad for him, if he hadn't started this by feeding someone to the chimera).

>what do
Hello again, Candy! Magic voices, here.

You should probably finish Cyril off. He can't have much left, and there's no point letting him have a chance to do anything, to keep annoying people, or to draw out his suffering. Time to become a magic rock.

>AAAH! Someone get me a wash cloth or something! This pepper spray still burns!
All right. You've taken your licks, you had your medicine, now we'll make it all better... with some Candy. *knife*
>>
No. 701015 ID: 15a025
File 145522402459.png - (41.09KB , 800x600 , turn 5 or something.png )
701015

>Ahahaha, lesson learned. Don't complain, or the rules lawyer might take it into account.
Ha, yeah. Hopefully we can-oh hey It's you guide spirits again! Long time no see.

>You should probably finish Cyril off. He can't have much left, and there's no point letting him have a chance to do anything, to keep annoying people, or to draw out his suffering. Time to become a magic rock.
Yeah. You know maybe if he didn't try to make us chimera food he wou...he wo...ha who am I kidding. This guy is a loser no matter how I think about. How'd he even manage to get a chimera without getting eaten himself. So how might you suggest I finish him off?

>All right. You've taken your licks, you had your medicine, now we'll make it all better... with some Candy. *knife*
Ah yeah loving it. I'm using that now.

"Alright Cyril. You've taken your licks, got your meds, now I'll make you all better with some sweet Candy!"
I stab him right in the eye with my butterfly knife. I think by his screams of pain I can tell he's down for the count.
"Oh that sounded painful! Candy knifed Cyril in the face for a massive 80 damage! Candy's wonderful bit of dialog added in an extra 40 damage to the attack. Candy dealt a massive total of 120 damage to Cyril, yeee ouch! Looks like Cyril's down for the count folks! Let's see if Rainy and her team can't win this without even taking a single hit!

Sounds like everybody's doing a good job here. Now how am I going to fight this chimera?
>>
No. 701040 ID: 02422f

Whoo. Speaking opponent down.

>Now how am I going to fight this chimera?
Preeeeetty sure you're gonna punch it. Only tricky bit is the pun and/or one-liner, since they make such a difference.

"Alright, Chimera. You've lost your handler. Don't go to pieces over it."
>>
No. 701260 ID: 15a025
File 145531064935.gif - (99.65KB , 800x600 , turn 7 attack.gif )
701260

>Preeeeetty sure you're gonna punch it. Only tricky bit is the pun and/or one-liner, since they make such a difference. "Alright, Chimera. You've lost your handler. Don't go to pieces over it."
You spooky helpers sure are cleaver at coming up with these lines. Hopefully my punch is strong enough to knock this one out pretty quickly as well.

I run up and give it that good one-liner and bash it with a pretty good punch.

Tybalt's counterattack ability activates! Ability fails due to paralysis!
For a second there I was worried that thing was going to bite back hard.

"Now that's one tough monster! Rainy's punch only managed to deal a mere 5 points of damage. Her great one-liner helped and added in an extra 20 points of damage. Tybalt received a total of 25 damage. Let's see if the crazy Dr. Gene has anything useful up her sleeves."
>>
No. 701321 ID: 02422f

Uh, geeze. Barely scratched it. Unless this is one of those high def, low hp novelty enemies, physical attacks aren't gonna work, here.

>Let's see if the crazy Dr. Gene has anything useful up her sleeves.
One empty bottle of pepper spray, kicks, and basic medical supplies.

Kicks aren't gonna cut it. Um... take a tongue depressor, apply it, and then toss the empty pepper spray bottle down its throat. That can't be good for it.

Take your medicine!
>>
No. 701916 ID: 15a025
File 145549013443.gif - (63.57KB , 800x600 , turn 8 attack.gif )
701916

>One empty bottle of pepper spray, kicks, and basic medical supplies. Kicks aren't gonna cut it. Um... take a tongue depressor, apply it, and then toss the empty pepper spray bottle down its throat. That can't be good for it. Take your medicine!
Not sure how well this will work but let's give it a go!

"Open wide you freak of nature, it's time to take your medication!"
"Look at that crazy doctor Gene! She just used the chimera as a trashcan for her empty bottle of mace!" "Doctor Gene has poisoned Tybalt! Looks like her bottle of pepper spray still had something in it after all!"

Ah gross, it's starting to throw up. At least I poisoned it.

"Tybalt has taken 10 damage from the poison! Let's see what Nibbles can pull off now!

Ability obtained! Nibbles has learned Thief! Nibbles is now able to pick pocket items or equipment from the enemy team, dead or alive. Costs 30 MP to use and has a 50% chance of failure.
>>
No. 701930 ID: 02422f

>police officer learns thief.
There's irony, there. Maybe that should be "confiscate", "impound" or "commandeer"?

I was gonna suggest 'using' Digs one the chimera (if he's anti-magic, and if we assume the chimera is a magical creature, maybe he's super effective against it?). But we know Cyril had enchanted stuff, and if we don't loot it now, it'll disappear when he gets magicked into a gemstone at the end of the battle.
>>
No. 702142 ID: 15a025
File
Removed

rolled 79 = 79

>There's irony, there. Maybe that should be "confiscate", "impound" or "commandeer"?
Agreed. I think I'll rename that one confiscate. Seems more fitting to my job.

>I was gonna suggest 'using' Digs one the chimera (if he's anti-magic, and if we assume the chimera is a magical creature, maybe he's super effective against it?). But we know Cyril had enchanted stuff, and if we don't loot it now, it'll disappear when he gets magicked into a gemstone at the end of the battle.
Hey smart cookies you guardians are. If I don't nab up that ring now it'll just burst into thin air.

"Nibbles uses Confiscate on Cyril's unconscious body. Will it work or will she luck out and waste a turn and get nothing!"

Rolling, 50+ and Nibbles will have stolen the ring.
>>
No. 702146 ID: 15a025
File 145557311499.gif - (99.65KB , 800x600 , Tybalt use thundershock.gif )
702146

[spoiler, whops. Used the wrong pic on that last post, oh well.... have fun seeing again here then.[/spoiler]

Yes! I got his ring! I throw the ring to Candy so she can use it on her upcoming turn.

"Heads up Candy!"

Candy catches the ring.

Candy can now use Cyril's enchantments, for free! Available Enchantments: Light Orbs, Binding Ring, and Flash.

"Tybalt's turn! Looks like Tybalt's powerful immune system ability kicked in! Tybalt is no longer poisoned! Tybalt is also no longer stunned!"

Tybalt casts Thunder strike on everybody!

"Nibbles special item Digs? Activates! Digs protects Rainy from the attack! Dr. Gene takes 50 damage, Nibbles takes 50 damage, Candy takes 30 damage! Will Candy be able to finally get the ball rolling on this fight with her new magic or will Tybalt take it like nothing!"
>>
No. 702149 ID: 02422f

>>702146
Alright Candy! Time to get some magic on.

Guessing from the names, Light Orbs is an attack, Binding Ring gives paralysis, and Flash gives blind. We want to do some damage, so cast Light Orbs.

You can that thunder? Pff. That's not thunder, that's just the falling pins before the bowling baaaaall!
>>
No. 702193 ID: 15a025
File 145558498472.gif - (128.53KB , 800x600 , We won.gif )
702193

>Guessing from the names, Light Orbs is an attack, Binding Ring gives paralysis, and Flash gives blind. We want to do some damage, so cast Light Orbs.
>You can that thunder? Pff. That's not thunder, that's just the falling pins before the bowling baaaaall!
Sounds like a plan, now if only I knew how to use this thing. It doesn't fit around my hooves so...?

"Hey Nibbles how the hell do I use this thing!"
"Hmm...try just sticking it in your wool and using it like that."
"Isn't that dangerous though?"
"Naw, you'll be fine."

I pop it in my wool and try to use the Light Orbs on the Chimera.
"You call that thunder? Ha, sounds more like the pins falling down before the bowling ball!!!"

"Candy casts Orbs of Light on Tybalt! Tybalt is weak to light magic! Tybalt receives 500 damage! An additional 200 damage is dealt for the smack talk. CRITICAL HIT! x2 total damage. Tybalt receives a massive total of 1,600 damage and is KO'ed!

"Way to go Candy! You totally sent that thing back to the underworld!"
"Thanks Nibbles. Think I might have over did it there though cause the ring kind of broke after I used the enchantment."
"It broke? Dang, would have been nice to keep so we can kill this thing for real."
"Wait, you mean I didn't kill it with that awesome magic orb?"
"No, everything that loses here just gets knocked out for a few hours."
"Oh..that sucks..."

"Oh hohoho well done your four. So, what element of enchantment stone would you like me to turn Cyril into? In case you forgot what elements there are I'll refresh all your memories. There's Fire, Water, Earth, and Light to pick from."
>>
No. 702215 ID: 02422f

Uh, (500+200)*2=1400, not 1600. Though I'm gonna assume Tybalt is dead either way.

...I sort of suspect those enchantments are restricted, illegal and/or military grade seeing as it outdamage everything else by a wide margin. Good thing we didn't let Cyril get a turn in!

>wearing magic rings without fingers
I assume braiding it into fur / wool / hair is a popular method of making sure you don't lose it?

>So, what element of enchantment stone would you like me to turn Cyril into?
>here's Fire, Water, Earth, and Light to pick from.
Uh, light maybe? If we had a light stone maybe Nibbles could repair the ring with it.

Actually, what do we do with the Cyril-stone? Does it go into police custody for questioning and imprisonment? Is he legally dead and we just use it for whatever...?
>>
No. 702334 ID: 3641d4

So what happens to Cyril's...uh corpse? Does it just go poof or?
>>
No. 702441 ID: 15a025
File 145566502219.png - (13.17KB , 800x600 , totally not just a recolor guyz.png )
702441

>Uh, (500+200)*2=1400, not 1600. Though I'm gonna assume Tybalt is dead either way.
whops, thanks for the correction.

>Uh, light maybe? If we had a light stone maybe Nibbles could repair the ring with it.
"Hey Nibbles, maybe we could fix the gemstone by absorbing it with Cyril's if we make his gemstone light?"
"I don't think we can absorb a shattered gemstone. It'll still be nice to have some kind of light gemstone, if we summon his soul and possibly get him to do light damage to the chimera."
"Alright, we'll make his soul into a light gemstone then."
"Very well Rainy, how would you like to wear the stone? I can do a ring, earrings, necklace, or a large bracelet?
"How about a necklace? That way we're able to easily move it around the party."
"Necklace it is, have fun playing with a dead man's soul now and stay out of trouble."
I give Dr. Gene the necklace.

>Actually, what do we do with the Cyril-stone? Does it go into police custody for questioning and imprisonment? Is he legally dead and we just use it for whatever...?
"So Nibbles what do we do with our new magic stone? Is it going to police custody for questioning/imprisonment or...?"
"Let's focus on getting everyone out of here first before the chimera gets back up first. We'll talk later."
"I think we might be too late for that Nibbles. Turn around."
"Why's that Ra-...I'm not even going to question this anymore."
The chimera starts to growl and snarl.
"Nibbles, can are chimera able to speak?"
"I don't think so Candy why?"
"I think I can hear it talking to me."
"What's it saying?"
"It's asking me if I'm it's new master, what should I say?"
>>
No. 702496 ID: 02422f
 

>"It's asking me if I'm it's new master, what should I say?"
Skip a rematch and have control over the otherwise unstoppable monster? Yes please.
>>
No. 702685 ID: 15a025
File 145574086006.png - (11.94KB , 800x600 , back to really bad diagram.png )
702685

>Skip a rematch and have control over the otherwise unstoppable monster? Yes please.
"Having control over a strong monster from the underworld that we'd have to fight otherwise? Sounds like a good deal me. Just don't let your guard down Candy, this might be a Trojan horse."
"Woo! Okay Tybalt, sounds like your my new buddy now. Oh hey, are there any other chimeras around here?"
Tybalt snarls out some more sounds.
"What's he saying?"
"He says there's a whole lab under the circus here with six other 'siblings' of his. There's also a few other creatures down there being held captive that are going to be converted or something."
"This is just getting better and getter every seconded isn't it? Not only do we have a shady circus group but an entire lab that's doing some pretty shifty sounding research below said circus. Our first priority should be getting everyone out of here before looking into anything else. "

Dr. Gene joins the conversation.
"Getting everyone out of the tent sounds pretty easy. Just grab the microphone and explain to the audience here the shows been canceled due to criminal activity or something like that. I think whatever we do though we better do it quick, I don't like this part about hearing there's someone or something being held captive getting ready to be converted into something. What do you think Rainy? Should we focus on getting everyone out or investigate the lab below? Or maybe we could split up the work?"
>>
No. 702702 ID: 02422f

>Or maybe we could split up the work?
Yeah, that seems the best plan. Someone needs to stay above to get people to star evacuating, and someone needs to get a lid on the chimeras and help any prisoners down there now.

Doctor Gene and maybe of the cops for authority deal with the people here, while the rest of us head below?

If anyone here actually knows anything about chimeras and safely controlling / containing them, now would be a good time to speak up before Candy might inadvertently do something dangerous.

Is Tybalt's emotions / color still unstable, or has he stabilized?
>>
No. 703135 ID: 15a025
File 145583056794.png - (8.94KB , 800x600 , underground lab enter.png )
703135

>Is Tybalt's emotions / color still unstable, or has he stabilized?
Tybalt's heart is coming up as a white heart right now. From the sounds of it he seems to have calmed down.

>If anyone here actually knows anything about chimeras and safely controlling / containing them, now would be a good time to speak up before Candy might inadvertently do something dangerous.
"Hey Nibbles, any words of caution you can give about handling chimeras?"
"A tamed chimera has been pretty much unheard of, I'd say always be on your guard and make sure it doesn't try to con you out of your soul or something. It'd be nice if the rest of us could communicate with it as well so they can't keep things secret from us."
"Hey Tybalt, think you could open up to my friends and let them understand you?"
Tybalt growls out something again.
"What'd he say?"
"Something about not being able to really trust us that well. Also that he's only speaking to me because he's bound to my will or something."
"Then order him to let us understand and speak with him."
Tybalt starts snarling something out again.
"He says I could do that but things might end up like what happened just a few moments ago if I push him like Cyril did. Something about a morale gene in him or something."
"Alright scratch that then, we'll just have to let him open up to us I guess. Sounds like Cyril did some pretty abusive stuff to the poor fellow."

>Someone needs to stay above to get people to star evacuating, and someone needs to get a lid on the chimeras and help any prisoners down there now.
Right, got a little distracted there. So who shou-?
>Doctor Gene and maybe one of the cops for authority deal with the people here, while the rest of us head below?
"Nibbles I think you and Dr. Gene should stay up here and deal with the crowd while Candy, Digs, and I go down and deal with the lab."
"Sounds like a plan! Digs and I have radios on us so we'll keep in touch that way. Now get going, there are lives in possible danger."

We split up. Candy communicates with Tybalt who leads the way till we hit the back stage.
"Tybalt says that this platform here is actually an elevator that goes down into a tunnel that leads to the lab, it apparently really stinks down there too so...cover your nose?"
We all hop on the elevator platform and start going down when we hit the bottom the necklace draws out our surroundings for me.
"Hey Rainy, there's a sign and three ways to go. Sign says to the left in the research room, forward leads to the 'chambers', and to the right is the testing lab. Which way should we go?"
>>
No. 703151 ID: 02422f

Does Tybalt know the layout here? Which way leads to his siblings, the prisoners to be converted, or where the conversions take place?

(First priority goes to interrupting any ongoing conversions, second priority goes to rescuing prisoners, 3rd priority dealing with the monsters in cages).

Failing that, can the blind-dar pick up any heart signatures?

Failing any of that working, my guess would be conversions take place in the lab.
>>
No. 703751 ID: 15a025
File 145595221193.png - (7.36KB , 800x600 , underground lab where is he.png )
703751

>First priority goes to interrupting any ongoing conversions, second priority goes to rescuing prisoners, 3rd priority dealing with the monsters in cages.
Thanks for getting my priorities straight, sounds about right.

>Does Tybalt know the layout here? Which way leads to his siblings, the prisoners to be converted, or where the conversions take place?
"Hey Candy, can you ask Tybalt if he remembers the layout here? Maybe ask where the prisoners are being held or converted?"
"Sure, let me ask him."
Candy asks Tybalt where things are and he snarls out some more.
"Sounds like we're playing a game of fifty-fifty now. He says all he knows is the other chimeras are being held in the chambers and that we should not go there if we value living."

Well that narrows it down a bit. I try listening around for conversations but all I can really pick up is a few voices asking where Cyril is coming from both path ways. Still not sure which way to go first and precious time is ticking. Should I wait and ease drop some more, take action and go into one of the rooms, or do you got anything else in mind spooky guide spirits?
>>
No. 703818 ID: 02422f

Let's try the testing lab. By the sounds of it, there's baddies both ways, anyways, and I don't think we can afford to split up more than we already have.
>>
No. 703961 ID: 15a025
File 145602223724.gif - (7.93KB , 800x600 , testlab1.gif )
703961

>Let's try the testing lab. By the sounds of it, there's baddies both ways, anyways, and I don't think we can afford to split up more than we already have.
"Let's head to the testing lab on the right. Sounds more like the place they'd try to do experiments like 'converting' someone, whatever that means."
"Alright, oh hey Tybalt wants to know if he can eat anyone we kill?"
"Uh...I'm not so sure that's a good idea or not. Let me give you a rain check on that."
Candy starts giggling about something.
"What's so funny?"
"Nothing, come on let's just go. Someone could be getting killed in there right now as we speak.

We all barge into the testing room to the right, instantly upon walking in my nostrils are filled with a nauseating odor. It's enough to make me want to hurl. Some muffled voices call out to us.
"Ey who let Tybult ot of ehs cage?"
"Probably des tree trouble makers."
"I dunno dere, hey isn't he and Cyril pose to be up on the stage?"
"I dunno, let's ask dem and find out. Who da hell are you tree and why are ye all in here in da middle of the conversion goin on here?"

Candy starts whispering me
"We need to act fast, the two talking to us are some older looking badgers and they've got a blue jay pinned down on a table with some nasty looking needles or something. I'd ask to kill them or knock'em out but they might have some useful info on things here. What do you think?"
>>
No. 703969 ID: 02422f

Uh-oh. Purple again. That's the not-good color.

I'd say have Digs go after one baddie while you go tase the other. Candy should run interference as needed, and keep the chimera under control. (And keeps an eye on the patient).

Obviously we're trying not to kill people, whether they stay conscious is less important.
>>
No. 704322 ID: 15a025
File 145610639187.gif - (8.79KB , 800x600 , testinglabzap.gif )
704322

>I'd say have Digs go after one baddie while you go tase the other. Candy should run interference as needed, and keep the chimera under control. (And keeps an eye on the patient).
"I think we should send Digs to knock one out and I'll tase the other one. You run up and keep watch on that blue jay, I'm getting the feeling something bad is going on here."
"Whenever you're ready Rainy."
"Eh what are you tree chitting about over dere? Speak up for de rest of us here."
"Go!"
I try my best at aiming and send out the taser, for once I hit my target!
"Eh da hell you doing to us ere? Oh, I tink I know what yous want. You're ere to fer our little test subjects aint ye? Too bad fer yous, dis little blue jay is da only left. Everyone else has already gone through conver-eh ow stop scratching my leg you little bowlen ball thing."
"Alright start talking before I tase you as well, what's all this talk about being converted or whatever mean?"
"We're turning de members from our audience into wonderful chimeras for our experiments on them. In a few moments here, our lil blue jay will start taking is new form. Dat, or his flesh rot away and he dies. Still worken out de kinks with our lil cursed brew."
"Is there a way to stop the conversion?"
"Ha no. You'll jist have to kill'em if ya don't want to fight our new chimera. Implying he doesn't just rot away instead though."

Well that throws a wrench in the whole rescue mission, now what?
>>
No. 704371 ID: 02422f

Someone shut that guy up.

Digs, you're up. If that potion is some king of magic, maybe you can disrupt it before it kills or converts this guy.
>>
No. 704485 ID: 8658b3

>If that potion is some king of magic, maybe you can disrupt it before it kills or converts this guy.
>"Still worken out de kinks with our lil cursed brew."
I vote to not mess with the funky potion. Sounds like it might be cursed.
>>
No. 704554 ID: 02422f

>>704485
I mean the potion that's already inside the victim.

He's already suffering the effects of said curse, which will either kill him or transform him into a chimera shortly. I don't see how Digs attempting to interrupt it's function can cause a worse outcome for the blue jay.

Worst possible outcome is if it jumps to Digs, but a potion shouldn't be transferable if you don't ingest or touch it. And his immunity to magic should protect him from curses, I think.
>>
No. 704586 ID: 15a025
File 145618447332.gif - (9.42KB , 800x600 , testinglabthud.gif )
704586

>Digs, you're up. If that potion is some king of magic, maybe you can disrupt it before it kills or converts this guy.
>Worst possible outcome is if it jumps to Digs, but a potion shouldn't be transferable if you don't ingest or touch it. And his immunity to magic should protect him from curses, I think.
"Digs, think maybe your magic immunity can do something to help stop the conversion?"
"...Nope."
"Ah come on, there has to be something you can do?"
"...Nope, can't think of how I'd even help."
"I agree, dere is no way you tree cud stop this, not unless you knew how to purify a soul that is..."

>Someone shut that guy up.
"Nobody asked for your opinion!"
"May I have the pleasure of knocking him out?"
"Sure Candy."
A loud sound of something being torn of the wall comes from where Candy is, and is followed by a loud thud.
"What'd you do to him?"
"I ripped a loose pipe off the wall and whacked it into the back of his head, nothing over the top."

A loud squeal pierces through the lab room.
"Ah gross, Rainy be thankful you can't see what this poor guys going through here."
"We're too late aren't we?"
"Yeah he's turning into chimera. He's looking like a weird bee-blue jay hybrid thing now. Careful where you step cause some knives just fell to the ground as well."
" I just thought of something, maybe Tybalt can talk to it and maybe get him to help us out or side with us?"
"It's worth a shot. Give me a second here."
Candy starts talking with Tybalt who then starts snarling and the Blue Jay-Bee thing makes some annoying bird noises for a few minutes.
"Alright here's the low down. I can't understand a thing the new chimera is saying but Tybalt can. Blue Jay says he was actually the first one to get sent here, not the last."
"Okay, anything else?"
"Yeah, apparently I can only be 'master' to one chimera at a time so getting the blue jay to listen to us is a no go. Only reason he isn't attacking us and spilling the beans is Tybalt can kill him in one lazy swipe apparently."
"Does he know where the other prisoners are being held?"
"They're in that research room. Oh, Blue Jay said he's pretty ticked off at those badger guys for doing this to him and said he'd really like to hand out some pay back and wants us to leave."
What do you think spooky guide spirits?
>>
No. 704614 ID: 7b65b9

I feel like you should at the very least interrogate them for information before letting the new chimera kill them.
>>
No. 704621 ID: 02422f

Well shoot, he couldn't interrupt the magic by touching it, too bad. (My only other idea was for Digs to drink some of the potion, and nullify it into a cure, but that seemed way too risky and/or unlikely to work to try).

>I agree, dere is no way you tree cud stop this, not unless you knew how to purify a soul that is
OH WAIT. Does Candy still have her collar? That might have worked to keep him normal, but it's probably too late now, unless the process is still reversible.

>what do
As poetic as feeding the scientists to their victim would be, we're not executing unconscious prisoners in cold blood. In front of a police officer. And these guys need to survive so they can be thrown in a deep dark hole somewhere and thoroughly interrogated about how their organization works / how they pulled this off / what they're doing so the authorities can put a stop to it.

Digs, cuff 'em (preferably to something) so they aren't going anywhere. Uh, assuming we can't fix him, could Candy have Tybalt herd the Blue Jay into the chambers so we can lock him in until qualified people get here to wrangle the chimeras, or are we going to be awash in monsters if we open that door?
>>
No. 704831 ID: 15a025
File 145626283746.png - (6.04KB , 800x600 , research room1.png )
704831

>I feel like you should at the very least interrogate them for information before letting the new chimera kill them.
Yeah, they might know something useful. Can't really interrogate them right now though. We need to go save the over prisoners first.
"Tell the Blue Jay tha-"
"Tybalt says the Blue Jay can understand you just fine."
"Sorry. Um... We kind of need the badgers alive so we can interrogate them and get to the bottom of things."
The two chimera's converse some more.
"Blue Jay says whatever, death sounds too good for them anyway. He'd rather see them locked up to rot away. Tybalt also says we better leave before the Blue Jay's mind starts getting tainted by the forces of the underworld or some crap like that.

>Does Candy still have her collar? That might have worked to keep him normal, but it's probably too late now, unless the process is still reversible.
"Hey Candy I heard you had to wear a purification collar, do you still have it on you?"
"What how'd you hear about that? Never mind, I had to give that back awhile ago, why?"
"Never mind."

>Digs, cuff 'em (preferably to something) so they aren't going anywhere. Uh, assuming we can't fix him, could Candy have Tybalt herd the Blue Jay into the chambers so we can lock him in until qualified people get here to wrangle the chimeras, or are we going to be awash in monsters if we open that door?
"Alright Digs, think you cuff these mad scientists and head on to the next room?"
"..."
"Digs?"
"...Kay."
Sounds of metal clicking can be heard from Digs' direction.
"Oh hey, think we should have Tybalt take the Blue Jay to the chambers?"
"Tybalt says that's a very bad idea unless you want to sound off a few alarms and get everyone mauled to death by cranky chimeras. He recommends we just knock the Blue Jay out for now, which Blue Jay is okay with."
"Alright. Sorry Mister Blue Jay, we promise these horrible scientists will pay for what they've done. Candy cou-"
A loud thump comes from where Candy's standing.
"Best circus trip ever. Alright let's get going."

I carry one of the scientists out and Candy carries the other. Digs has us set them down by the elevator and re-does the cuffs so they're chained to the handrail. He says he's going to stay there and stand watch. After that we walk into the research room...
"Let us out! Somebody help! Get me out of this hell hole! Where's my parents? Where the hell are we?"
Aw... it sounds like there's at least...way too many voices to count in here.
"Holy shit. Rainy, there's easily hundreds locked up in these tiny ass cages. We've got to do something!"
Before I get the chance to say anything Tybalt starts snarling something to Candy.
"Oh, Tybalt says do not just start busting up the cages and letting everyone out in mass. He says not only because that might lead to getting someone hurt but that's also going to set off alarms."

Shoot, there goes using my new arm to just rip the doors off all the cages idea. Maybe there's a key in here we could use or...something? Digs also has a police radio, not sure what he can do with it though. What should we do?
>>
No. 704840 ID: 02422f

>Tybalt warns several times
...man, it's a good thing we chose to recruit him, or else this would have gone rather messier.

>before the Blue Jay's mind starts getting tainted by the forces of the underworld or some crap like that.
Why is Tybalt so rational, actually? Is it something that comes back with enough experience / strength, or... is he in a better state of mind cause he's leaning on Candy? And if so, does that mean we only have so long before the taint burns through his new master's reserves of sanity and they both start acting as nuts as Cyril?

>also going to set off alarms
What happens if the alarms go off? Is there more of the group here who will respond? Does it trigger a trap or release the chambers or...?

>Digs also has a police radio, not sure what he can do with it though.
Well, he could call for backup. We have the scene locked down, but we're going to need chimera animal control units or whatever to empty the chambers, and a whole lot of first responders to safely evacuate, process, and care for all these prisoners.

He could also see what the situation is above ground. They got the circus evacuated?

>what do
Depends on what the alarm does. Maybe we should be looking for a way to disarm it, or look for a key to let them out of their cells in an orderly and unalarming manner. (might be on or in those cabinets, or with the two we took prisoner).
>>
No. 704936 ID: 15a025
File 145627705691.png - (7.00KB , 800x600 , research room2.png )
704936

>Why is Tybalt so rational, actually? Is it something that comes back with enough experience / strength, or... is he in a better state of mind cause he's leaning on Candy? And if so, does that mean we only have so long before the taint burns through his new master's reserves of sanity and they both start acting as nuts as Cyril?
"Tybalt mentioned something about the Blue Jay's mind getting slowly tainted, how come he's so nice and sane for us then?"
Tybalt snarls to Candy for a bit.
"It's because Cyril was able to beat him back into submission, or as he called it 'being tamed'. Sounds like Cyril was a bigger asshole than I thought he was."
"Yikes, sorry to hear that lil buddy."

>What happens if the alarms go off? Is there more of the group here who will respond? Does it trigger a trap or release the chambers or...?
"So what happens if we activate the alarms?"
"Tybalt says a few things could happen. The doors could shut and lock us in while some gas goes through the vents and knocks us out, some armed guards might charge in and just kill us, or a few of the other tamer's come in and use us all as chimera food, or the whole place will start falling apart and cave in."
Okay, so busting any of the cages open is very much so not an option anymore.

>Well, Digs could call for backup. We have the scene locked down, but we're going to need chimera animal control units or whatever to empty the chambers, and a whole lot of first responders to safely evacuate, process, and care for all these prisoners. He could also see what the situation is above ground. They got the circus evacuated?
"I'm going to see if Digs can't radio in some backup or find out how things are going above ground. Try to look around for a set of keys or something useful while I'm out."
"Sure thing."
I exit the research room and call out to Digs.
"Shhh! "
"Sorry, think you could radio in for some backup or find out how things are going above ground?"
Digs just hands me the radio without saying anything.
"H..Hello? Nibbles you there? Nibbles?"
"D...Digs?"
"No this is Rainy, how are things going up there?"
"Oh Rainy! -ello! Things are just fine, everyone's out of the tent now. Some other officers have showed up and have started investigating. How are things do-- there?"
"It's not good at Nibbles, there's hundreds of prisoners locked up down here being used for experiments. Seems like they plan on turning them all into chimeras or something."
"W..What! You said hundreds? I, we...Hang on."
The radio cuts out. After waiting a few moments Nibbles radios back in.
"Ok I don't know what's going anymore but the second you said prisoners and chimeras total chaos broke out and everyone's scrambling to get a hold of the King to send the army here. I'll radio in any updates to you but till then keep kicking ass down there."
I hand the radio back to Digs and walk back into the research room to tell Candy what's going on and see if she found anything.

"So what'd you find?"
"An assload of research notes that the cops are going to love reading through. Some of them aren't even research notes, there's like fifteen books filled with journals of the scientists here. So what'd the officer say?"
"Everyone in the tent got out safely and it sounds like they're calling in the army to swarm the place and save everyone down here."
"Overkill much."
"Find any keys to unlock the cages?"
"If I did I would've either mentioned them by now or I'd be letting everyone out, so no. I've looked about everywhere in this room you can. So now what do we do?"
>>
No. 704937 ID: 7b65b9

seems like you should wait around the area for damage control if anything goes wrong before the army gets there.
>>
No. 704940 ID: 02422f

>Cyril was able to beat him back into submission, or as he called it 'being tamed'.
Hopefully he won't need a repeat dose.

>alarm outcomes
So... death traps, or more baddies. Great.

>So now what do we do?
Without pressing need or an imminent threat, breaking the cages open and risking getting everyone killed is a bad idea. Waiting it out till the army gets here and they have the experts and manpower to get people out is an option.

...hey, why don't you talk to the prisoners? They should have seen the bad guys take the blue jay out of the cages a little while ago. Did they see how they did it?
>>
No. 705066 ID: 6adc5c

Drink the purple kool aid stuff on the counter.
>>
No. 705069 ID: 3d2d5f

>>705066
Considering what the last potion someone in this place did, and that everything else our radar has tagged in purple has been bad news, proooooobably a bad idea.
>>
No. 705072 ID: 39c8c2

What kind of animals are locked up? It's hard to imagine there's hundreds of large species being crammed into so few cages.
>>
No. 705124 ID: 15a025
File 145634769487.gif - (8.87KB , 800x600 , spotted.gif )
705124

>seems like you should wait around the area for damage control if anything goes wrong before the army gets there.
Sounds like a plan, but what should we do while we wait?

>Drink the purple kool aid stuff on the counter.
What's "kool aid?"

>Considering what the last potion someone in this place did, and that everything else our radar has tagged in purple has been bad news, drinking it is proooooobably a bad idea.
Good point, I'd be willing to bet it's that stuff that turns you into a chimera. I'll just leave it there for now.

>...hey, why don't you talk to the prisoners? They should have seen the bad guys take the blue jay out of the cages a little while ago. Did they see how they did it?
Talking sounds like a good way to pass the time. Maybe they can help us help them.
"Umm... did anyone see a blue jay get taken out of here by two badgers?"
Everyone just starts yelling out stuff like get us out of here, don't take me in that room again, and other panicked shouting. I try asking again and some other stuff like how do the cages open but the panicked shouting doesn't stop, it just gets worse.

>What kind of animals are locked up? It's hard to imagine there's hundreds of large species being crammed into so few cages.
"Hey Candy what kind of species are locked up in here?"
"A ton. I see some rabbits, mice, rats, ferrets, weasels, birds of all kinds, the list just goes on and on here."
"I can't imagine they're very healthy living like this."
"Some aren't even living period. You should probably go radio in to Nibbles and make sure there's some paramedics or an ambulance up there ready to take in a truck load. I think I'm going to skim through these research notes for a bit."
"I'm sure there are but I'll radio in anyway. Maybe Nibbles will have a status update for us as well."

I walk out of the research room and ask Digs for the radio. He just silently hands it to me.
"Hello? You there Nibbles?"
"Is this you Rainy?"
"Yeah, there's paramedics and an ambulance up there right?"
"Yeah, why what's going on down there? Did someone get hurt down there?"
"No we're fine. It's the prisoners though, Candy's telling me they don't look healthy at all, some are even just laying in the cages dead."
"I don't even know what say about this now Rainy. Just hang tight and keep things under control down there. We managed to get the King to send out a small army squad to help out. Not so sure how long it'll take for them to get there though. Speaking of which, where is the entrance to this lab anyway?"
"Small platform elevator thing behind the stage."

Sounds of a gate opening and footsteps approaching echo through the room. Another muffled sounding voice calls out to me and Digs.
"Ey, who de hell are yous two and why do you got me brothers chained to the railing?"
Another one? Oh this isn't good. What should I do or say to him?
>>
No. 705140 ID: 02422f

>kool aid?
A children's drink from our world, that comes in a variety of colors and is made by mixing powder with water. Its mascot is an obese avatar of gluttony sloshing full who comes crashing through solid walls. It was famously used by a cult in a mass suicide poisoning, such that "to drink the kool aid" has come to mean accepting or buying into something without question and/or that you really shouldn't.

>Another one? Oh this isn't good. What should I do or say to him?
Uh, if there's a chimera in one room, you in the other, and Nibbles at the entrance, where did he come from? The deadly deadly chambers?

>what do
Bluff! Pretend you're helping.

"Oh, man, it got messy there for a bit! Tybalt got away from Cyril and the conversion got interrupted and..." (Keep moving closer as you're talking, then tase him point blank or just smack him with the arm).
>>
No. 705189 ID: 15a025
File 145636207410.png - (5.56KB , 800x600 , underground lab enter wiiuwiiu.png )
705189

>A children's drink from our world, that comes in a variety of colors and is made by mixing powder with water. Its mascot is an obese avatar of gluttony sloshing full who comes crashing through solid walls. It was famously used by a cult in a mass suicide poisoning, such that "to drink the kool aid" has come to mean accepting or buying into something without question and/or that you really shouldn't.
Your drinks sound pretty strange, are there other drinks with weird stories like this one?

>Where did he come from? The deadly deadly chambers?
Yeah, it sounds like he came from the chambers. Would explain the loud gate opening sound.

>Bluff! Pretend you're helping. Keep moving closer as you're talking, then tase him point blank or just smack him with the arm.
"I don't know why they're chained up, I just got back from the stage actually. That Cyril's a moron, Tybalt kind of just snapped and..."
I smack the back side of his head with the serious business arm and knock him out. Hopefully nobody saw that happen...
"Ey the hell you doin to my buddy there and why ya got his brothers all chained up to the rail? Someone turn on de alarms! We got some punks walken around ere maken a mess."

A blaring loud alarm echoes through the building and I can hear a mass of footsteps heading our way and the sounds of doors slamming shut and locking. I can also smell some kind of chemical lingering around now as well. This isn't going to end well is it?
>>
No. 705199 ID: 02422f

>Your drinks sound pretty strange, are there other drinks with weird stories like this one?
Probably! I don't know if it's drinks in particular, lots of things have interesting stories behind them if you just know where to look.

>A blaring loud alarm echoes through the building and I can hear a mass of footsteps heading our way and the sounds of doors slamming shut and locking. I can also smell some kind of chemical lingering around now as well. This isn't going to end well is it?
...no, this isn't good. Taking on the whole cult solo was probably a bad idea even if they weren't drugging you into submission. And I doubt we can retreat now, either.

Um. Could we sic Tybalt on them? Or, could you use the Cyril-stone to cast one of his spells on them?

We just need to stay alive / non-chimeraed until the army arrives, and keep them from hurting the people in the cages.
>>
No. 705328 ID: 3641d4

Chemicals? Ah hell yeah baby let's start sniffing that shit up! As for stopping those crazy lab people just get them to stop by flashing them with your goods ;^)
>>
No. 705371 ID: 8658b3

>>705328
Don't know about flashing but yeah let's breath all that shit up.
>>
No. 705423 ID: 02422f

>>705328
>>705371
What did we say about drinking the kool aide? Just cause all the cool kids are breathing the chemicals distributed by the ventilation system...
>>
No. 705430 ID: 15a025
File 145644156061.png - (23.25KB , 800x600 , underground lab enter gas.png )
705430

>...no, this isn't good. Taking on the whole cult solo was probably a bad idea even if they weren't drugging you into submission. And I doubt we can retreat now, either.
Yeah, I'm getting the feeling they're surrounding me. Also getting a little dizzy feeling right now...

>Chemicals? Ah hell yeah baby let's start sniffing that shit up!
>yeah let's breathe all that shit up.
I'm....I'm not so sure about that being a good idea. I think it's what's making me dizzy here. Also starting to feel a little light headed now that I think about it.

>could you use the Cyril-stone to cast one of his spells on them?
No, I think Nibbles has the Cyril-stone on her.

>Could we sic Tybalt on them?
"Candy! Get out here with Tybalt and help! We're under attack!"
"Oh tis is bad. Dey got Tybalt with dem. Ready de tranquilizers!"
Clicking sounds echo through the hallway. They're followed by the sound of a door being busted down.
"Let's get'em Tybalt! Blast'em with that cool lighting thing you used on me earlier."
A loud boom echoes through hallway along with the squeals of a bunch of old sounding badgers.

"You alright Rainy?"
"Just a little light headed and dizzy. Probably because of whatever they've got leaking out through the vents or whatever."
"I'm not liking this gas either, I think we need to head back up for now before we get sick, pass out, die, or combination of the three."
I...I don't know it's getting harder to think here and the chemical smell is getting thicker and more potent as we wait. Any ideas?
>>
No. 705576 ID: 02422f

Not a great situation. I don't lie your odds of getting out in time, either.

I suppose you could buy time by shielding your mouth.... hmm. Are the baddies wearing masks or rebreathers? Maybe swipe em.
>>
No. 705623 ID: 0461fb

Try the elevator, if it still works get out. The army or police should be able to better handle this stuff.
>>
No. 705855 ID: 15a025
File 145655588186.png - (26.53KB , 800x600 , elevator1 gas.png )
705855

>Not a great situation. I don't lie your odds of getting out in time, either.
Yeah, I don't think we're going to get out of here in time either.

>I suppose you could buy time by shielding your mouth.... hmm. Are the baddies wearing masks or rebreathers? Maybe swipe em.
"Hey Candy, do these guys have some kind of masks or breathing thingies on?"
"Yeah, wh-oh I see where you going with this. Let's hope it'll fit one of us here."
I hear Candy yank one off of the badger scientists. After that I feel her fumbling around with it trying to get it on me.
"Ehh... this doesn't look like it was meant to fit deer but it looks close enough. Better than nothing right?"

>Try the elevator, if it still works get out. The army or police should be able to better handle this stuff.
The doors to the elevator platform thing are shut tight. I feel like if we all really tried we could bust them open. Only question is will the elevator even work?
>>
No. 705861 ID: 7b65b9

You just have to cover all the vents with something really solid, like play dough so no more gas gets in.
>>
No. 705971 ID: 02422f

>>705855
Locked doors look like a job for arm strength.

Where's Digs? Is he coming?

>Only question is will the elevator even work?
It might not, but Digs or Nibbles might have one of those keys that lets emergency personal override an elevator.
>>
No. 706054 ID: 15a025
File 145664236578.gif - (21.16KB , 800x600 , ding.gif )
706054

>You just have to cover all the vents with something really solid, like play dough so no more gas gets in.
I don't know where all the vents are and don't have any play dough, whatever that is. Sounds like more effort than worth.
>Where's Digs? Is he coming?
He's standing with us by the elevator. I'm pretty sure he's going to want to come up with us.

>It might not, but Digs or Nibbles might have one of those keys that lets emergency personal override an elevator.
I've never even heard of those things. Must be a well kept police tool around here. Welp, Guess it's time to push the serious business arm to the max. I feel around the elevator door trying to find a good spot to grip it to just slide it open but, there really isn't a good spot for that. Looks like a nice smash through will have to do. My arm goes through the door like knife through warm butter. After that I just pulverize what's left of the door.
"Yikes, remind me not to get in a fight with you anytime soon. Now, anyway you can manage to give power to this beast cause it's moving nowhere fast."
"Uh, hey Digs. Happen to have an elevator key to override this and get us out?"
"..."
"Digs?"
Suddenly the elevator turns on and starts shooting up. I must not have noticed it before but some really catchy elevator music is playing now too. A few seconds later Digs taps my leg and hands me the radio.

"Nibbles to Rainy, Nibbles to Rainy! Pick up!"
"Nibbles what's up?"
"Army's here and their heading in to help pull out those prisoners. How are things going down there anyway?"
"Bad. We got gassed and they tried ambushing us. Thankfully Tybalt helped us or else we could be dead...or worse. We're heading back up right now."
"Gassed? With what? Never mind, somebody send some paramedics or poison control in there pronto!"

The radio cuts out there and the elevator stops.
"We at the top?"
"Yeah come on let's get off and get out."
I run off the platform but lose my balance and stumble over.
"Hey you okay Rainy? You don't look so good."
"Just feeling light headed and a little dizzy, probably from whatever that gas was."
"Here, hop on with me."
"Hop on? What are you talking about?"
"Hop on Tybalt with me, he don't mind."
Before I can say anything Candy pick's me up and sets me up on Tybalt. After that we start gunning it only to be stopped by a loud group of voices yells at us to halt.

"Holy shit it's a chimera!"
"And it's trying to run off with Lady Brasshoof! Quick, we must send this foul beast back to the pits of the underworld before it takes her soul!"
Lady Brasshoof? What's with the weird formality here, and the weird whirling sound?
"Fire!"

Something crashes into Tybalt and Candy and I go flying off of him. I land face first in the dirt. It hurts a lot. I can hear Candy groan in pain as well. Loud footsteps rush over to me and something lifts me up.
"Fear no longer Lady Brasshoof. We've killed that nasty chimera and have saved you and your friend. Sorry about the rough landing though, are you alright?"
I start rubbing my head, trying to comprehend what just happened. What should I even say?
>>
No. 706229 ID: 3641d4

Tell him you want the "D".
>>
No. 706239 ID: c47b0c

Feel like any bones broke?
>>
No. 706240 ID: 3d2d5f

Man, Candy sure isn't phased by you being super strong or anything.

>I've never even heard of those things
You never noticed the emergency override keyhole on the control pad? Huh. Hopefully that's not something only we have.

>"Fear no longer Lady Brasshoof. We've killed that nasty chimera and have saved you and your friend. Sorry about the rough landing though, are you alright?"
Tybalt, no! I don't suppose he can shake off being shot, like the last fight?

"...you shot up a friendly. He'd been subdued already and is most of the reason we made it out of there alive.

"I'm fine. There are people who actually need saving down there."
>>
No. 706297 ID: 15a025
File 145678607902.png - (7.86KB , 800x600 , royal invite.png )
706297

>Feel like any bones broke?
No, everything feels intact. Just have a killer headache.

>You never noticed the emergency override keyhole on the control pad? Huh. Hopefully that's not something only we have.
I'm sure those have always been on elevators here, don't think I've ever noticed or paid any attention to them before though.

>Tybalt, no! I don't suppose he can shake off being shot, like the last fight?
I doubt anything can live through a magic shot from a member of the royal guard. These guys don't mess around.

>"...you shot up a friendly. He'd been subdued already and is most of the reason we made it out of there alive."
I feel a little tear roll down my cheek at thought of our new buddy getting killed.
"You didn't kill him did you?"
"Of course we killed that abomination of nature. We can't let those things go running around killing everybody. Why ask such a silly question?"
"Because he was our friend! If it wasn't for Tybalt we'd all be dead by now!"
"How can I break this to you? I'm pretty sure he was saving you for himself. Saving you so he could eat your soul. Anything else I can do for you Lady Brasshoof?"

>"I'm fine. There are people who actually need saving down there."
"No, you've done enough for me. Why don't you head down where there's people who actually need saving."
"Right! Hey uh...where's the elevator?"
"Backstage platform thing. When you get down there take a left into the research room."
The guy just drops me on the ground and runs off, jerk. I call out to Candy and she runs over. She sounds pretty pissed.
"What a bunch of royal assholes. I give them the whole story on Tybalt and what we saw down there and I called an 'evil sorceress of the underworld' for working with a chimera."
"It's a shame he died."
"It is, but I think he's in a better place now."

I hear some more footsteps heading towards us.
"W..who's there?"
"Are you Lady Brasshoof?"
"Yes, who are you?"
"Feuille. I'm one of the paramedics they sent in to find you. Heard you got sprayed with something down there. You feeling alright?"
"Just a killer headache and a little dizzy, that's all."
"Well why don't we get the three of you out of here before something else happens."
"Agreed."

Feuille safely gets us out of the tent and brings us to Officer Nibbles and Dr. Gene.
"Rainy, I'm so glad you're okay. I feel bad for not going down there with you. I've got some good news though, the King has invited us to have dinner with him at the castle tonight!"
"No way!"
"It gets even better though."
"Is that even possible?"
"We all get to stay there for a few nights to recover!"
I'm speechless. I've always kind of wanted to go visit the King's castle since I was just a little fawn. I hear Candy walk up and up-zip something while I think about how awesome going to the castle is going to be.
"Hey before you two lose control of yourselves here think you could tell me who I should give this heavy ass bag of books to?"
"Are those the notes and journals you found down there?"
"They are. Hey Rainy, we could step aside and talk for a second?"
"Yeah sure."

Candy grabs my arm and pulls me aside. She seats me down by and tree trunk and sits down next to me.
"So what's eating your mind Candy?"
"I don't really know how to ask this but, why's everyone calling you Lady Brasshoof?"
"Kind of a weird thing to ask if you ask me. But to answer, I don't know why everyone's talking to me so formally either."
"I only ask because I was best friends with a deer named Bailey Brasshoof back in school. Hell, you even look just like her, minus the whole robot arm and being blind thing. Anyway, I haven't really heard from her since graduation and was wondering if you were related or knew her?"
Shoot! I think my cover here is about to get blown. Any necklace spirit got some convincing story for me to cover my trail or should I just come clean and tell her the truth?
>>
No. 706319 ID: 02422f

So... so much for Candy getting to be a badass demonic pokemon trainer.

>I'm pretty sure he was saving you for himself. Saving you so he could eat your soul.
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on how the who master-sanity thing works. It sure seems like he was bound to serve and/or that it allowed him to be more human sapient. And chimeras all start out as regular sapients who get corrupted in some way, like the blue jay, right? They're victims as much as monsters.

>"It is, but I think he's in a better place now."
Do Chimeras actually go to the normal afterlife (assuming there is one) when they die, or has their soul already been destroyed / corrupted by their nature? They don't just get sent back to the netherworld?

>Lady Brasshoof
Is that just formal soldier talk, or are you actually a noble of some stripe?

>the King has invited us to have dinner with him at the castle tonight!
That's... an abrupt shift after battling murderous carny mad scientists.

>I only ask because I was best friends with a deer named Bailey Brasshoof back in school
You didn't think it might be important to note that you knew Candy outside of your cover? Honestly, I'm surprised your cover held up, at all.

>minus the whole robot arm
I love that she just accepts you picked up a robot arm since she last saw you and doesn't even think to question it.

>Shoot! I think my cover here is about to get blown. Any necklace spirit got some convincing story for me to cover my trail or should I just come clean and tell her the truth?
Your cover has already been blown, if they invited you to this event at the palace under your own name, publicly. Come clean.

You... could say I know her. Yup. Kind of would be hard not to. Since she's, um, me.
>>
No. 706468 ID: 3641d4

Oh shit uhh...tell her your like her long lost cousin or something.
>>
No. 706493 ID: 8658b3

Completely dodge and avoid the question.
>>
No. 706515 ID: 3d2d5f

You got to kiss tell the girl!
>>
No. 706541 ID: 15a025
File 145686828035.png - (11.24KB , 800x600 , what now boss.png )
706541

>are you actually a noble of some stripe?
No. If I was, I don't think I'd struggling so much to help my mother out.

>You didn't think it might be important to note that you knew Candy outside of your cover? Honestly, I'm surprised your cover held up, at all.
I'm pretty positive I've told you about my relations with Candy before. In case it slipped my mind though, yeah we we're the best of friends since like, well forever.

>I love that she just accepts you picked up a robot arm since she last saw you and doesn't even think to question it.
I get the feeling she just doesn't want to offend me somehow by bringing it up.

>Your cover has already been blown, if they invited you to this event at the palace under your own name, publicly. Come clean.
>You got to kiss tell the girl!
Yeah, I don't like lying to her like this anyway. Cat's going to get let out of the bag soon enough anyway. Better just tell her in privet like this, but how?

>You... could say I know her. Yup. Kind of would be hard not to. Since she's, um, me.
I let out a sigh and try to mentally prepare myself for this emotional train ride coming up.
"Yeah, I guess I know her. Well, it's kind of really hard to not know her."
"Whys that?"
"Well, it's hard for me to not know Bailey because..."
"Come on spit it out!"
"Because, I am Bailey Brasshoof."
I hear Candy start sniffling.
"You...you alright Candy?"
Candy leaps in for the hug and squeezes me tight.
"Why the hell didn't you tell me this sooner. I've missed you so damn much."
"I couldn't risk blowing my cover to anyone, more than ever now that there's a group of terrorists out to possibly kill me."
"What the hell have you've been doing all this time?"

I sit and fill her in on everything. From my job at the company, to the night I got kidnapped and went blind, to the night I was attacked at the college, to my three months of relaxing and training.
"Sounds like you've been through hell and back. I wish there was something I could do to help you out."
"You've already been a big help Candy. If you weren't here I'd probably still be stuck down in that creepy lab."
"True, but still. I feel horrible that all this happened to you."

I hear a car pull up and the driver honks the horn at us. I hear someone shout out as well, sounds like Nibbles.
"Hate to rush the two of you but we need to get back to the station and read over these notes and question that Cyril guy."
I climb into the back seat of the cop car with Candy. It's a pretty uneventful ride and I end up falling asleep for most of it.

"Alright sleepy-heads wake up, we're here."
Candy must have crashed on the way here as well. I'm still feeling kind of tired but my headache seems to have went away. Another officer greets us as we walk into the station. After that Nibbles leads us down a hallway. After some walking Nibbles leads us in a cold and empty feeling room. I hear her set some stuff down and my magic necklace draws out an outline of a table for me.
"Alright Rainy, normally Digs and I like to start interrogating anyone or anything we bring into the station versus reading dusty old books all day but we're told to do answer to you today on how we should get things done. So what would you like to do first, badger the badger with some good ol interrogation or shall we all read some research notes to you?"
>>
No. 706603 ID: 02422f

>I'm pretty positive I've told you about my relations with Candy before. In case it slipped my mind though, yeah we we're the best of friends since like, well forever.
I must have missed it. That or my brain edited out you somehow maintaining a cover identity while hanging with someone who's know you forever as crazy.

>Hate to rush the two of you but we need to get back [...]
Pff. I love that they don't even care you brought a new person in on all the secret stuff.

>So what would you like to do first, badger the badger with some good ol interrogation or shall we all read some research notes to you?
Split tasks. Interrogations can take a while, and so can sifting through tons of seized documents. During breaks in the interrogations, we compare notes. See if you've found anything in the documents they can use in the questioning, and if they've learned anything in the interrogation to look for in the documents or helps the documents make sense.

More than two interrogators doesn't really help anything, and they're the ones trained and practiced at it. Only advantage you have is that the necklace can sense emotional states, but it doesn't give fine enough resolution to pick up lies.
>>
No. 706648 ID: 15a025
File 145688034175.png - (5.82KB , 800x600 , reading.png )
706648

>Split tasks. Interrogations can take a while, and so can sifting through tons of seized documents. During breaks in the interrogations, we compare notes. See if you've found anything in the documents they can use in the questioning, and if they've learned anything in the interrogation to look for in the documents or helps the documents make sense.
"Why not split up the tasks. You and Digs should go interrogate Cyril, you're actual cops and all so you should be able to pull some more useful info out of him than Candy or me."
"You mean your-self. Your friend shouldn't even be here right now anyway. This could all be some pretty confidential stuff that might need to be kept secret from the public for awhile."
"Ah come on Nibbles, Candy's my pair of eyes here. I can't really do anything without her help."
"Yes you can, you've got a freaking enchanted necklace to help you for crying out loud!"
"Yes but I can't read these books with it."
"Alright, you got me there. Now start cracking at those notes, later miss..."
"Miss Cane."
"Your name is Candy Cane?"
"Yup, my parents couldn't pass up a chance to make a great pun."
"Anyway, there's some NDA's I'll need you to sign if you're going to help us out here."
"Just tell me where to sign!"
"I'll be back in later to check up and share notes with you two then. Good luck!"

Nibbles takes the necklace and hops off the table and leaves.
"Welp, ready to start reading?"
"Sure, let's start with the journals. Maybe they'll tell us a bit about why they're turning people into chimeras?"
"Alright, let's start from the earliest entry in this one then."
Candy starts reading the first entry to me, she sounds kind of like a news reporter right now.

1981, January 11th.
Today is the big day. My team and I have finally snuck into Talvi boarders. It is here I hope my people can escape the binding laws of that wretched tyrant and finally start our research. Unfortunately we've spent all our cash on getting here. Getting regular jobs and places to live will have to be priority one for awhile. Food isn't too much of concern now, there's plenty of that still left from our year long voyage across the ocean. May master have mercy on our souls and supply us with what we need to become successful.

"And the next who knows how many pages look like just boring tales of this guy making a living working at a bakery while saving money for the 'great research' his people are saving up for. Let's just skip ahead till we get to the good stuff. Ah here we go, hey this page even mentions that Cyril guy too!"
1985, April 4th.
After years and years of saving up and struggling to get by, we've finally started constructing our underground research lab. It may take a few more years of hard work and more money to finish but It's a good start for now. Other amazing news, Today is my son Cyril's 10th birthday. Soon he will be old enough to work his old man here. Only three more years...hopefully we can get the lab finished by then.

"Again, the next few pages look pretty boring except whoa! Hey Bailey your last name is mentioned in here!"
"That's pretty strange. I don't really have any real known relatives other than my mother."
"What about your father?"
"He left my mother a little after I was born. I could've sworn I told you that story before. Anyway, keep reading."

1985, September 10th.
Another glorious day! Construction has been going smooth as always. We've estimated it'll take about another five years before we can get the lab finished and fully operational. My son has also started sharing the news he is in love with some girl in his new school. I did not catch her full name but her last name is Brasshoof. I'm sure whoever she is, she'll make a fine companion for my son.

"I really doubt this guy is talking about you Bailey. We we're only like what, four years old when this entry was written?"
"Yeah, I just turned four a few days before that entry was written."
"Hey, why don't we try to get Nibbles to ask Cyril who this girl he had a crush on was? Maybe she's some lost sister or cousin?"
Think it's worth our time and resources guide spirits?
>>
No. 706686 ID: 02422f

Just double checking, but what's the current year, here?

>You and Digs should go interrogate Cyril
They can interrogate a rock? I was assuming we meant the badgers.

>Aw, c'mon, let Candy help
We already let her help us storm the crime scene, and she suborned a hell-beast for us. She's pretty much involved at this point.

At least they didn't point out that Dr. Gene could have been your reading buddy.

>Maybe she's some lost sister or cousin?
Or your mother? She wasn't a teacher or something in '85 a young boy could have been around to have a crush on?

>Think it's worth our time and resources guide spirits?
Hmmm. Not yet. I'd like to be able to pass more than one piece off intel on before we interrupt them, and all we got is a question. We don't have anything they can leverage or use, yet.
>>
No. 706819 ID: c47b0c

Realize the books contain deep dark family secrets and burn them with your magic necklace powers. No one must know your mother dated a shady badger dude.
>>
No. 706900 ID: 15a025
File 145695868455.png - (8.96KB , 800x600 , potion = rip.png )
706900

>They can interrogate a rock? I was assuming we meant the badgers.
Not sure how far you'd get with talking to the rock on its own but they can summon Cyril's spirit or ghost...? Not really sure on the term to use here... Anyway, using the gemstone they can summon his whatever and talk to him.

>At least they didn't point out that Dr. Gene could have been your reading buddy.
Speaking of her, where is she? I don't remember her being in the cop car on the way back with us.

>Just double checking, but what's the current year, here?
Right now we're at the tail end of the year 2000. If you want the exact date I think it's December 11th but I'm not positive. Being out in the woods for 3 months with no way to tell the time or date kind of throws you outta the loop of things.

>Or maybe it's your mother? She wasn't a teacher or something in '85 a young boy could have been around to have a crush on?
As far as I know my mom hasn't had a teaching job ever. Back in '85 she was going to college, thinking it'd help her land a better job. Short story on that is she ended up dropping up cause no monies.

>Not yet. I'd like to be able to pass more than one piece off intel on before we interrupt them, and all we got is a question. We don't have anything they can leverage or use, yet.
Sounds good, plus maybe we'll find that answer ourselves in the book.
"Let's just keep reading, I don't want to bother them right now just for a little question like that."
"Fine with me. Let's see if I can't find another interst-hey, who ripped out some pages! Whatever...we'll just have to keep on going then. Ah, here's a tasty looking page.

1991, August 15th.
It's been a very productive and successful day today. We've managed to finally get going on our research on summoning and making what this land calls "chimeras." It's hard to get the magical artifacts we need because of the safety laws around here but that won't stop us. So long as we stay out of the cops eyes and work at night we should be fine. My son's seemed to be a little depressed lately. Maybe I should stay home this week and spend time with him.
"That was a lot more boring than I thought it was going to be. Let's hope the next one is more interesting..."

1991, September 3rd.
We've finally done it! We were able to summon one of master's pets from the underworld using the magical artifacts of this country's. Unfortunately it wasn't able to stay long and we had to kill it. It started busting up research lab. Hopefully this isn't a sign of bad luck.
"Think we're getting close to the interesting bits now. For whatever reason though, it looks like some more pages are torn out. Wonder why? Next entry isn't too far of a leap though as that last one was."

1992, April 8th.
We've run out of willing test subjects on conversion. So we've resorted to kidnapping others off the streets at night and using them as test subjects. It's a shame and it makes me feel filthy for having to resort to this but it's all we can do. Our conversion potion still has a 100% fatality rate. My Son isn't happy with us for killing all these test subjects for this but he doesn't understand what this is all for yet. We must find a way to get chimera's without using those artifacts. The chimeras they summon are too violent and uncontrollable, with one small exception. One spoke to me. It mentioned that they do not wish to come back into the hell hole for us. It said our master has wronged us all and wished death on everyone in the lab. What nasty treasonous speech. Master would never do anything to wrong us.
"Hmm... I though chimera were all violent and uncontrollable? And what the hell do they even need them for anyway, and what's up with this master guy they speak of? There's more missing pages of course that or this guy stopped writing in this thing for like three years."

1995, July 18th.
We've come across an oddity today. Subject J-11 is able to resist the effects of the conversion potion. Must find out how.
1995, July 20th.
Cyril broke into the chambers last night and interacted with subject J-11. Apparently she's one of his friends, that Brasshoof girl. I stopped him from breaking her out and had him detained to his room for a few days to think about what he did. I plan on getting some info on this girl's past tomorrow. Any info could help explain how she's able to resist everything we've thrown in her.
"Sounds like whoever this Brasshoof girl is Cyril really cared about her. Wonder what he'd say if he found out you two might be related."
"It might also just be a coincidence as well. Keep reading."

1995, July 22nd.
Sat with subject J-11 for the past few days learning everything about her and she sounds like the perfect subject for us. She's never known who her real parents. She's lived at the town church her entire life and was learning the holy arts and magics of mother nature. She says that she will not submit to sinful thoughts and forces we keep trying to inject into her. She says she is to holy to be corrupted and turned into a beast from the pits of hell. If we can manage to turn her I think we can call our potion a success!
1995, November 18th
Lost my journal in the big move. Glad I was able to find it again. In the past few months we've moved lab locations to another state. A group from another country showed interest in our little project and helped us build and move into a new lab. Needed to move due to sudden police suspension. They're after subject J-11. Apparently she was pretty important to the people at that church. All the better if we can find a way to turn her into a chimera. Less heat on us then.
>>
No. 706901 ID: 15a025
File 145695874746.png - (8.48KB , 800x600 , reading.png )
706901

"Alright, I'm a little lost here. You were always pretty religious Bailey, mind filling me in on why this person might be so important?"
"Are you sure it said 'she was learning the holy arts and magics of mother nature'?"
"Yup, what's that mean?"
"It means she was training to become a Holy Mage."
"A Holy Mage? Aren't they like, those really old magic guys no one ever sees that can cast magic without enchanted stuff?"
"No, what you described is a Sage. A Holy Mage can cast magic without enchantments though. Downside is it's very taxing on your body and takes years upon years of hard training to just to do little things like purifying water into holy water. Other limit is you can only cast light magics."
"So what's the difference between Holy Mages and Sages?"
"Sages aren't regular people. They're not even regular species you'd see every day."
"So what are they then?
"They're... oh what's a good work to describe them? Mythical species I guess."
"Like dragons and shit?"
"Eh...I think one of the current sages is a dragon but yeah you've got the idea."
"So what else is different about them?"
"Sages can use any and all magic enchantments at will without enchanted stuff. They can also make enchanted stuff and sometimes, they're able to create new enchantments/spells."
"And here I thought you weren't very knowledgeable on all this magic stuff."
"I'm not, this is just stuff I kind of remember learning at church."
"Well thanks for enlighten me on some of this. Uh, probably should get back to looking through these journals or should we go share notes what we found with Nibbles yet?"
>>
No. 706905 ID: 7b65b9

Maybe you have a long lost big sister who got kidnapped.
May as well keep reading, and tell Nibbles about all of it once she's done interrogating Cyril.
>>
No. 706926 ID: 02422f

>Speaking of her, where is she? I don't remember her being in the cop car on the way back with us.
Well we didn't see her. Did she duck out? Or go ahead with the guard guys to the palace invitation and decide to skip the police work?

>or should we go share notes what we found with Nibbles yet?
Might be time to share. That we found something Cyril disagreed with the others over (and that he had someone he cared about) might be a wedge the interrogators could use to get info past his loyalties, or at least get him talking. That even the cult (or whatever) noticed a chimera that wasn't pure violence is also interesting.
>>
No. 707018 ID: c47b0c

>She ended up dropping up cause no monies.
You mean dropping out? Anyway, how's it feel knowing your mother had to give up here dreams of whatever is she was going to college for to support you?

>All these missing pages
Wonder why they're missing? eh whatever, let's go share our findings with Nibbles.
>>
No. 707046 ID: 8658b3

I'm telling ya, we're dabbling into what could be some bad secrets here. Burn the books.
>>
No. 707064 ID: 15a025
File 145704068419.png - (4.55KB , 800x600 , mute.png )
707064

>how's it feel knowing your mother had to give up here dreams of whatever is she was going to college for to support you?
When you put it like that, pretty horrible actually.

>Might be time to share. That we found something Cyril disagreed with the others over (and that he had someone he cared about) might be a wedge the interrogators could use to get info past his loyalties, or at least get him talking. That even the cult (or whatever) noticed a chimera that wasn't pure violence is also interesting.
Yeah, it feels like we've been at this for awhile.
I yawn and ask Candy what time it is.
"It's...no clock in the room P.M. Why?
"Feels like you've been looking through this journal for hours now. How about we take a break and share info with Nibbles?"
"Sounds good to me, maybe she can tell me if there's somewhere I can some coffee in here."

We leave the room and are greeted by a new voice.
"Greetings ladies, how's the research going in there?"
"It's going okay. I don't think we've met before?"
"Oh sorry, where's my manners? I'm Officer Jace. I assume you two are Rainy and Candy yes?"
Candy starts whispering into my ear.
"So...who else knows about your you know what?"
"Just you as far as I know, now hush."
"Something wrong ladies?"
"No it's nothing. It's a pleasure to meet you Officer Jace. Could you lead us to where the interrogation room is? We've got some info that might help Officer Nibbles get some info out of the guy."
"Well it just so happens that she sent me here to get you for just that. She said the guy hasn't spoken a single word yet."

Officer Jace brings us down to the interrogation room and Nibbles greets us.
"Oh please tell me those notes had something we can throw at this guy and get him to talk."
"I bet talking about his girlfriend will get him to speak up."
"Ooohhhh a girlfriend. Please fill me in."
Candy tells Nibbles everything we found in the journals.
"Hmm...well, it's a good start. I'll try and see if I can't get him to tell me more about this 'Master' fellow and who this subject J-11 is. You two should go get some more reading in, we've gotta leave for the castle in two hours."
"What about getting info and stuff out of these crazy cultists? Shouldn't you be more worried about solving this case?"
"Normally, police duties would be a higher priority than a formal gathering like this. Except when the King himself invites you to his castle, you go and be there early."
"So I'm guessing that's a no and getting a coffee break?"
"Correct, now stop wasting time chatting here and get reading!"
Candy lifts me up and charges out the door with me. She's pretty quick because I hardly have time to think before she slams me down into the chair and starts reading off more entries...
>>
No. 707065 ID: 15a025
File 145704078278.png - (5.82KB , 800x600 , reading.png )
707065

1996, January 4th.
Subject J-11 has been refusing to eat anything. Will not speak a word to anyone including Cyril. If this keeps up we'll have to force feed.

1996, January 8th
Subject J-11 had to be force fed today. She's looking ill.

1996, January 11th
Cyril tried breaking Subject J-11 out again. He was armed with a stun gun but didn't get very far. One of the lab assistants shot him in the leg with a shot gun. He should be fine in a couple of days. Everyone agrees he should be locked up for a few weeks to cool his jets. Not real progress has been made since the big move.
"Yeesh, I'm starting to think Cyril might be one of the good guys here."
"People can change though Candy. For now, let's keep reading and find out more."

1996, March 21st
Finally, some solid progress. After locking Cyril up and giving him several good beatings he's finally shaping up. Recently we've finally converted someone into a chimera that isn't doesn't want to kill us all. Originally they were a mere Squirrel. They've turned into a fearsome beast now. (Full details in Test Subject Log Book, Page 1,130.)

"I only managed to grab about five out of the eleven books in that room and I don't see the one mentioned in the journal here. Looks like my thoughts on which one's were important were wrong. Maybe they'll grab them on their investigation so I'll write them a note to check this page out in case they do."
I hear Candy click a pen and the sound of her writing something.
"There, alright let's keep reading."

1996, July 3rd
Lab got destroyed by a the newest batch of chimera's we tried making last night. That one group of foreigners is helping us build a new lab. Why are they so eager to help us out for practically nothing? Thankfully we still have Subject J-11 around. I feel like all these crushing defeats at getting freedom will soon break her for us.

1996, September 4th
Third lab is finally built. I plan on leaving J-11 alone for now. Starting to think it's a lost cause and a waste of time experimenting on her till we have another large breakthrough.

1996, October 4th.
Speak of the devil and he shall come. We've managed to create a new chimera who will somewhat listen to us. Says it wants souls as payment for co-operation with us. We've agreed to let him feast on the weaker test subjects as payment for now. His name is Hell bringer, or so he says to us.

1996, November 10th.
So much for Hell Bringer, escaped the lab and got killed by the police. May have to move yet again.[i]

[i]1997, January 4th.

This is my last page till I can buy a new journal. Cops are on us like fire since that little happening in November. Locking this up tight and destroying a few useless entries. Talked to the leader of that group of foreigners that loves helping us out. They said they'll help us move again but they want our help in return. Something about taking over this country. Can't be too hard to help once we get controllable chimeras to lend them.

"Well, we found out why some pages were missing. Not liking that last bit about taking over the country. As for his other journal...."
"You don't have it here do you?"
"Actually I did grab it. So much for being locked up eh? Want to read it now or should we go share info with Nibbles again?
>>
No. 707077 ID: 02422f

Nibs didn't have much info to share in return, did she?

>Want to read it now or should we go share info with Nibbles again?
Read it now. We haven't learned much new yet, just specifics of a trend we already saw.
>>
No. 707200 ID: c47b0c

>You go and be their early
Yikes, is the king one of those stiff hoity toity wussies who makes everyone be formal or some shit?
>Keep reading?
Yes.
>>
No. 707247 ID: 8658b3

Burn the books, you know you want to.
>>
No. 707286 ID: 15a025
File 145713157623.png - (5.83KB , 800x600 , reading.png )
707286

>Yikes, is the king one of those stiff hoity toity wussies who makes everyone be formal or some shit?
Not sure, never met the King before.

>Read it now. We haven't learned much new yet, just specifics of a trend we already saw.
Sounds fine with me.
"I think we should keep on reading. We only have so much time to read these for now so let's see how far we can get."
"Cool with me as well. Now let's see here... Yikes, did it really take this guy that long to get a new journal?"

1998, February 2nd.
Funds have been tight by I finally managed to get a new journal. 1997 was a pretty slow year progress wise. Almost all experiments on getting fully controllable chimera failed horribly. Cyril also managed to go the whole year without speaking to anyone in the community here. Better he stayed out of our plans anyway. He's caused nothing but trouble in the past. Subject J-11 hasn't been doing well at all either. She refuses to eat , drink, and hardly sleeps. Not sure if it's a side effect of the conversion potion on her or if she's trying to kill herself, or something else. Further investigation is needed.

1998, February 28th.
We've had our first big discovery of the year. Demi-Chimera. We've found having someone drink a very small amount of the latest conversion potion, aprox. 1 ml. Starts to warp or mutate their bodies into a more hellish looking form. Subjects report hearing demonic voices in their heads, one subject said they felt another force controlling their body. Could it be we need to use less of the potion instead of all of it to get the results we need? Will try and see what 2 or 3 ml. of the potion will do.

[i]1998, April 1st

Do not try giving a chimera the conversion potions, EVER.
"That sounds like it's either a goofy April Fool's prank or something very unsettling..."

1998, July 22nd
Never use more than one conversion potion on a subject, EVER. Do these fools down there not understand how dangerous this is. No one needs to see or know about that horror once, let alone twice.
"Okay now I'm curious as to what happens with that but I get the feeling I don't wanna know."

1998, October 11th.
All research funds have run out as is my hope we'll ever complete it. That group of foreigners is having some of us go with them to help with some small scale attacks against this country's King to get more funds. Cyril seems to have taken a liking to the few chimera we've managed to keep locked up and under some control. His favorite seems to be the weird tiger-bat hybrid. He still refuses to say a word to us.

1999, January 13th.
Happy days! Cyril has found a way to control the chimera. He's apparently beaten them all into his own submission. He's also found out about a way to make a blood contract with them or something. He won't really explain it to us though. Doesn't matter for now, all that matters is that we can tame these beasts!

1999, February 1st.
Cyril has found a way to make us some cash as well as get more easy test subjects. Circus gatherings! Our first show was yesterday and we made it out huge. $340 and ten new test subjects acquired. He isn't happy about our research but says he knows it must be done. Speaking of test subjects, J-11 has reported she's hearing demonic voices at night. Things couldn't be going better for us now!

1999, December 25th.
All is lost. We should have seen this coming. Subject J-11 was starting to co-operate with us for once, seeming to have come to terms she was losing this almost five year battle. She managed to bust her way out of here killing well over forty of our members in the community on her way out. Half the lab got destroyed in a massive fire she caused on her way out. That group of foreigners is not happy about this. At least we still have our tamed chimeras and the circus shows to earn money and research off.

"Wooo! Your mystery relative ended up escaping these assholes."
"We don't know she's related to me for sure yet. We don't even know who she really is either."
"Not much left the go here, let's hope we can get an answer on that."

2000, May 23rd.
Cyril has been very ambitious with our research project and I'm proud of him for that. I'm feel my age is coming to get the best of me here soon and need a successor to this. I'm sorry I won't be seeing the return of Master but that's fine. I'm sure he's proud of my efforts to bring him back after all these years.

2000, July 2nd
That group of foreigners is starting to get sick of our failures and wants us to move on to their projects. I told them I'd personally help them but our community and team will continue my research. They were fine with this.

2000, July 5th.
I've been sent out with a group of these foreigners today in attempts to help steal some new weapon plans that can build some kind of robotic arm to support their goals for revenge.

"Candy, I'm getting a bad feeling I know exactly where this is heading."
>>
No. 707287 ID: 15a025
File 145713164428.gif - (9.79KB , 800x600 , angry reading.gif )
707287

She keeps reading without saying anything. Her voices starts sound a little more angry now...

2000, July 7th
We captured a young mail courier for some privet government weapon research lab company place. Her name is Rainy. I'm writing this as one of the other members of the team is beating her down trying to get some info out of her. Girl can take quite the punch I'll give her that. Maybe I should suggest using chemicals if they need some help...

"Candy, please tell me that's it."
She just keeps reading sounding even more angry now.

2000, July 9th.
Cops found us with the deer girl and almost caught us. Don't know how they found us but oh well. It was a nice change of scenery for once to get out of the lab and do something else. I'm interested in finding out more on this Rainy person. Luckily I managed to grab some nice bits of her fur before we scrammed on out of there.

2000, August 1st.
After sometime of looking at that Rainy persons DNA I found out that she's possibly related to subject J-11. I must manage to track her down and find out if she too can resist the conversion potion.

2000, August 18th.
Those filthy foreign backstabbers have backstabbed us! They charged into our lab and tried to destroy it. Their forces were no match for Cyril and his band of chimeras though.

2000, August 22nd.
Found out those foreign scumbags are out to kill Rainy now. Have to do something to stop them from killing our last chance at possibly finishing research.

2000, August 24th.
More spying around on trying to get the Rainy fellow into our hands. Her company is sending her off to some college. Apparently she's gone blind from the chemicals they splashed in her face. I've hired and enrolled a deer who kind of looks like her to the same college. Plan on giving her one of those ancient artifacts we found some years ago to give to Rainy as a gift. It's got some special magic that can apparently help the blind get around or something.

"And that's all the fucking asshole wrote down in this journal!"
I hear Candy slam the book shut as hard as she can. After that I hear something crash into the wall, sounds like she threw the book pretty hard.
"If I ever find that badger motherfucker I'll skin his ass alive for what he did to you and that other girl!"

The door slams open and Officer Jace charges in sounding worried and concern
"Whoa whoa whoa! What in the hell is going on here with all this slamming and yelling! You two alright?"
I'm speechless and don't say anything. All I can think about is that one night I was attacked, that my roommate was really out to haul me off to a lab to be tested on, that I could have ended up spending years locked up in some cage to die or worse...
"Hey Rainy you all right? You're shaking like a leaf here."
I try to say something but can't think of anything.
"Rainy, answer me here. You alright, can I get you anything?"
I'm getting another big headache here and it's hard to think straight. W..What should say or do here?
>>
No. 707299 ID: 02422f

>I've hired and enrolled a deer who kind of looks like her to the same college. Plan on giving her one of those ancient artifacts we found some years ago to give to Rainy as a gift. It's got some special magic that can apparently help the blind get around or something
So... now we know who hired your roommate, and how she was able to afford rare enchanted artifacts like us. ...also we're illegal contraband paid for with murder / experimentation money, I guess. Charming.

I don't buy that this is all a coincidence. Your boss has to know more than he's letting on to have sent you right into the middle of this thing so heavily involving you.

>I'm getting another big headache here and it's hard to think straight. W..What should say or do here?
"No. No, I'm not all right." I'm not sure what else you can say at this point. Hug Candy.

...we might want to put you in the room with Cyril. See how much it shakes him up when he hears your name. I don't know if we have time to really exploit that, though, or if you're emotionally up for it.
>>
No. 707382 ID: 7b65b9

Just take a moment to try to relax... imagine you're at home right now, taking a nap, away from all of this.
You're thinking about how you can finally be honest with Candy, and can start up where your friendship left off, and you don't have to lie anymore. Ahhhhh. BUT THEN SUDDENLY YOUR OLD ROOMATE BURSTS IN, KNOCKS YOU OUT, AND YOU'RE IN A CELL IN THE ENEMIES LAIR. OH NO! THEY JUST TURNED YOU INTO A BLOOD THIRSTY DEER CHIMERA AND LET YOU LOOSE IN TOWN. THE POLICE SHOW UP AND START SHOOTING AT YOU, BUT YOU BLOW THEM UP WITH MAGIC. OH NOO!!! CANDY'S COMING HOME FROM THE STORE AND GETS CAUGHT IN THE CROSS FIRE!!! OH NOOO!!! YOU KILLED YOUR BEST FRIEND FOREVER!!!11!!
>>
No. 707393 ID: 15a025
File 145718849866.png - (9.99KB , 800x600 , nm1.png )
707393

>I don't buy that this is all a coincidence. Your boss has to know more than he's letting on to have sent you right into the middle of this thing so heavily involving you.
But I'm the one who gave him the tip on the shady circus. But, what if he was already aware of the circus before that, what if he tipped the badgers off that I was going to that one college. Don't tell me my own boss is out to get me too!

>I'm not sure what else you can say at this point. Hug Candy.
I sniffle a bit and just hug Candy. She starts patting me on my head and rubs it a bit.
"I get the feeling I'm missing something here?"
"Let's just say there was some entries in that journal that brought back some bad memories for her. Just read the last few pages and you'll understand."
"I'll make sure to read those first then, plan on reading everything while you're all having fun partying at the castle. Oh speaking of, you two need to go meet up with Officer Nibbles. They're getting ready to leave soon."
"Tell her to meet us in here then. Rainy's kind of an emotional wreck right now and I gotta clam her down."
"Will do!"

The door opens and then slams shut again. I'm still tightly hugging Candy and she's petting my head still.
"Uh...shoot, come on now stop the water works. You're getting my wool all soggy with your tears and...that better not be snot. And...I don't appear to be helping at all. Oh shoot I know! Try to think of something happy!"
Something happy? Hmm..

>Just take a moment to try to relax... imagine you're at home right now, taking a nap, away from all of this. You're thinking about how you can finally be honest with Candy, and can start up where your friendship left off, and you don't have to lie anymore. Ahhhhh.
Thanks that's actually kind of soothing.

>BUT THEN SUDDENLY YOUR OLD ROOMATE BURSTS IN, KNOCKS YOU OUT, AND YOU'RE IN A CELL IN THE ENEMIES LAIR. OH NO! THEY JUST TURNED YOU INTO A BLOOD THIRSTY DEER CHIMERA AND LET YOU LOOSE IN TOWN. THE POLICE SHOW UP AND START SHOOTING AT YOU, BUT YOU BLOW THEM UP WITH MAGIC. OH NOO!!! CANDY'S COMING HOME FROM THE STORE AND GETS CAUGHT IN THE CROSS FIRE!!! OH NOOO!!! YOU KILLED YOUR BEST FRIEND FOREVER!!!11!!
I shove my head deeper into Candy's wool and scream in horror. I thought you were suppose to help me out!

"Okayokayokay that obviously only made things worse uh...shit, I'm getting soaked here."
I hear the door slam open and someone starts yelling and I panic. It's my roommate out to take me away! I pull out my bionic arm and ready the hand gun at her.
"Stay back! I'm not letting you kidnap me so you can turn me into one those monsters down there in that freaky lab!"
"Holy shit! What the hell is going on here Candy!"
"Rainy's having flashbacks or something I dunno! Help me calm her down Nibbles!"
Wait, it's just Nibbles?
"Rainy put that gun away before you hurt someone."
I have the arm change my hand gun back to just a regular hand.

"Sounds like you found more than you bargained for in those books. Listen, we kind of need to get going soon but, I think you two deserve a treat. How about we go get some ice cream or something nice on our way? Oh shoot, we also need some more formal looking clothes. I don't even want to think of what he'd do to me if I showed up in my filthy police uniform."
I stand and continue sniffling away. I..I don't think I can tell who I can trust anymore. I feel like I can still trust you though, spooky guide spirits. If you were out to get me for the badgers you probably would have lead me into a trap rather than help me out of there. I don't even know if I want castle now, what if that's just a trap for me as well?
>>
No. 707445 ID: 02422f

>But I'm the one who gave him the tip on the shady circus.
You did? First I remember hearing of it was the person at the gas station warning you as you were coming out of the woods.

>Oh hey before ya go, if you see or hear anything about some circus or fair stay away. Stay far away from it.
And then as soon as you went to see your boss, he brought it up.

>There's been a very shady circus or fair show thing traveling around town here. Our reports say the ringmaster is using illegal enchanted items for profit in her show. On top of that there's rumors she's also trying to promote and recruit people into a terrorist group. I want you and two of our other members here and do some investigating there and bring them into custody if need be.
Did I miss a point where you passed the info on to him, or did you first bring him the tip earlier before you heard about it again at the gas station?

>Don't tell me my own boss is out to get me too!
Not what I suspect, yet. It just seems too big a coincidence for your first assignment post-promotion to be something you had a personal interest in. He doesn't have to be out to get you to put you in contact with that, he could have other motivations. (Trying to motivate you, assuming you'd be better suited then someone without a connection, trying to exploit the connection to your missing mystery relative for something...).

>I thought you were suppose to help me out!
Uhhhh. I guess we're as capable of dangerous runaway fantasies as much as anyone in a stressful moment. Sorry.

>I don't think I can tell who I can trust anymore.
Candy's been very reliable, despite being put in pretty ridiculous situations. Your roommate isn't trustworthy, although in her defense, she might not have known everything about the people she was working for. You just got through a pretty ugly situation with Nibbles and her partner, and they haven't given you any reason not to trust them. (And if Nibbles was out to get you, she could have probably gotten you in trouble for your enchantments). Dr Gene has been far more interested in looking out for you than serving your mutual boss' interests.

You boss... the most I can say for certain is he has an agenda. We don't know what it is, or even that it's necessarily a bad thing, but he's tried to hide things from, and it's quite possible he knew more than he let on. I'd be cautious with him, but it's really hard to say for sure without knowing more.

tl;dr- You can trust most of the people around you.

>I don't even know if I want castle now, what if that's just a trap for me as well?
Then we'll deal with it. I very much doubt the King's in on it, so all that skipping his invitation will accomplish is getting you a black mark in his book, and denying yourself something you always wanted to do, out of fear.
>>
No. 707477 ID: 15a025
File 145723749416.png - (12.87KB , 800x600 , what to wear.png )
707477

>Did I miss a point where you passed the info on to him, or did you first bring him the tip earlier before you heard about it again at the gas station?
My brain must not be working right here. He did know beforehand about the circus. Come to think of it, did I even tell him about the guy at the gas station?

>Not what I suspect, yet. It just seems too big a coincidence for your first assignment post-promotion to be something you had a personal interest in. He doesn't have to be out to get you to put you in contact with that, he could have other motivations. (Trying to motivate you, assuming you'd be better suited then someone without a connection, trying to exploit the connection to your missing mystery relative for something...).
Did I even take the promotion? I'm having a hard time thinking straight. But yeah, something fishy is going on with the boss.

>tl;dr- You can trust most of the people around you. Boss has an agenda.
Alright, I trust your trust in the others, spooky guide spirits. If everyone here was really out to get me I don't think I would have made it out of the lab alive.
>I very much doubt the King's in on it, so all that skipping his invitation will accomplish is getting you a black mark in his book, and denying yourself something you always wanted to do, out of fear.
I think I'd get more than just a black mark in his book. but you're right. Maybe the trip will be a nice relaxing break from all this hectic kidnapping attempts and fighting.
"I...ice cream sounds nice."
"Hey Jace, we got any ice cream or something in the break room?"
"When do ever not have ice cream in the break room. I swear the Deputy eats a bucket of ice cream every day."
While Officer fetches us all some ice cream I help Nibbles pack out stuff for the trip. He comes back with a bucket of chocolate ice cream before we can really get anything put away. It's pretty tasty.
"Alright Jace, I need you and Digs to stay here while I take these two out to find something more formal to wear for our visit. Think you can handle that?"
"Sure thing!"

Officer Nibbles has us hop into a cop car.
"Ever drive a cop car before Candy?"
"Whoa whoa whoa, wait. Why am I the one driving the car?"
"Well, I'm only five inches tall and Rainy is blind."
There's no way this cop car is coming back in working order if Candy is the one driving.
"Eh, fair enough. You gotta give me directions on where to go though."
"Fine by m-"
The car starts and Candy slams on the gas.
"Woo! I've always wanted to speed off in one these bad boys!"
Nibbles sounds like she's yelling into a microphone thing.
"Pull over! You're under arrest for speeding in a cop car!"
The car starts to slow down a bit.
"Aw you pansies are no fun."
"Alright hey take that left up there."
"Rodger!"
Nibbles hops onto my seat.
"So, what kind of fancy dress are we going to get you for tonight?"
"What can I get?"
"Anything $50 can get."

Hmm... any ideas on what kind of outfit I should wear to the castle? I'm not too picky seeing as I can't really see whatever it is I wear but I should still try to look respectable? Or should I have some fun with the fact I can't see my outfit and go for something completely ridiculous?
>>
No. 707512 ID: 0461fb

Hang on wait a second here, isn't Candy a wanted drug dealer around here? Why is Nibbles letting a wanted person speed off in a cop car!
>>
No. 707521 ID: 02422f

>Did I even take the promotion?
Well, raiding criminal bases does kind of go beyond a courier's job description.

>I'm only five inches tall and Rainy is blind
>only five inches tall
She's... exaggerating, right? That's hyperbole? Or can people actually be that short here.

>I'm not too picky seeing as I can't really see whatever it is I wear but I should still try to look respectable? Or should I have some fun with the fact I can't see my outfit and go for something completely ridiculous?
Well, comfort and easy of movement are still presumably issues, even blind. $50 isn't enough for a really crazy fancy dress or something crazy avant garde, so probably just something nice?

>>707512
I'd assume either Candy isn't a known drug dealer, or Nibbles doesn't give a damn since she's not in narcotics.
>>
No. 707565 ID: 15a025
File 145729729736.png - (9.31KB , 800x600 , ugly purple thing.png )
707565

>Hang on wait a second here, isn't Candy a wanted drug dealer around here? Why is Nibbles letting a wanted person speed off in a cop car!

>either Candy isn't a known drug dealer, or Nibbles doesn't give a damn since she's not in narcotics.
I'm not even going ask Nibbles about this, it'd be pretty mean to anyway.

>She's... exaggerating, right? That's hyperbole? Or can people actually be that short here.
I doubt she's exaggerating, mice are pretty small people in general. I'd say five inches is a bit bigger than the average mouse around here actually.

>raiding criminal bases does kind of go beyond a courier's job description.
I really hope my boss doesn't plan on sending me out on anymore of these crazy jobs. I just want to go back to delivering blue prints and mail.

>$50 isn't enough for a really crazy fancy dress or something crazy avant garde, so probably just something nice?
I think I'll try go with the professionally casual then. $50 might not buy a nice fancy dinner party dress but it's still a good chunk of cash here that I could get a nice hooded sweeter and some dress pants.

When we get to the clothes store the scents of all sorts of perfume linger around and some cheery music is playing in the background. It's a nice change of mood and relaxing. Candy walks me around the store and I feel around. Course everything that feels nice and sounds nice looking ends up being more in the sixty to eighty dollar range. I end up getting a comfy purple hoodie and some dress pants. Not sure what Candy or Nibbles bought though.

After that Candy drives us to a laundry mat and we get a free wash thanks to Nibbles officer card. Apparently being a police officer gets you free service at some places?
"Hey Ba-I mean Rainy! They've got a pool table here, want to play a round while we wait for our clothes?"
>>
No. 707580 ID: 02422f

>mice are actually tiny
Well she saves a lot of money on food, then. Probably clothes, too.

>They've got a pool table here, want to play a round while we wait for our clothes?
Why not?
>>
No. 707608 ID: 15a025
File 145731747816.png - (7.11KB , 800x600 , current pool situation.png )
707608

>Go for it
Well this is going to be interesting. I hope the blindar can pick up all the balls on the table for me.
"Sure, I'll try playing some pool."
"Sweet! Hey Nibbles, you going to come watch us play or you just going to stare at the laundry machines all day?"
"Sure, hey well we're at it, $5 says Rainy beats you."
"You might as well just give me the $5 now then, how can Rainy win a game of pool when she can't even see? Even if she could see I'd still beat her."
"So it's a bet then?"
"You bet it is! I'll even let you help Rainy find where the cue ball is. She can even go first."
"Thanks Candy!"
"No problem, you want solids or stripes?"
"I'll take the solids."
Candy racks up the balls for me and then hands me a pool stick. The blindar even picks up the balls for me, though there's no way to tell them all apart from each other.

With the help of Nibbles, the game gets really close and from the sounds of it, we attracted a crowd of people as well. Right now me and Candy each only have one ball left to sink in other than the eight ball. With Nibble's info I add some mental edits to the blindar. I'm in a pretty sticky spot here, any advice spooky guide spirits?
>>
No. 707642 ID: 02422f
File 145732832374.png - (11.42KB , 800x600 , suggested play.png )
707642

>>707608
Best suggestion I have for how to play. Bounce the cueball off the wall into the ball there to send that ball towards the other wall, such that it will bounce, push the other ball ahead of it, and drop the two of them in the middle socket.

It's a real tricky shot though, get the angle wrong and you're gonna mess up at least one of the two bounces, or send the ball careening into the 8-ball, pushing it into the corner pocket and costing you the match.
>>
No. 707678 ID: c47b0c
File 145735341779.png - (14.66KB , 800x600 , pool power.png )
707678

>>707642
I think that's Candy's ball instead of Rainy's.
>"I'll take the solids."
That ball looks striped instead of solid color. Try going by this diagram instead.
>>
No. 707680 ID: 3641d4

Of all the colors you pick for clothes you buy the one color that's always brought trouble for us. When you lose this match blame it on the sweeter.
>>
No. 707717 ID: 15a025
File 145738720292.png - (12.22KB , 800x600 , petty attacks.png )
707717

>Of all the colors you pick for clothes you buy the one color that's always brought trouble for us. When you lose this match blame it on the sweeter.
I don't think purple clothes are really going to cause me any trouble. If I lose this match it's no big deal, we're playing fun and I'm not a sore loser. Besides, I this far without being able to really see anything so that feels like an accomplishment on its own.

>Bounce the cueball off the wall into the ball there to send that ball towards the other wall, such that it will bounce, push the other ball ahead of it, and drop the two of them in the middle socket.
>I think that's Candy's ball instead of Rainy's.
I'm sorry, I should have made better mental notes for you. I am a little surprised you were also able to make little edits and diagrams to what's on the blindar. Have you been holding out on me?

>Try going by this diagram instead.
I'm not sure how I feel about this one either, I get the feeling that I'll end up knocking the eight ball in the pocket inst-

I hear something strange in the air coming from behind me and quickly move out of the way. A loud smacking sound comes from where the pool table is. It's followed by a loud snap or crack.
"What the hell! How did you dodge that!"
"I just heard something strange behind me and moved out of the way."
"Well let's see you dodge this one!"
I quickly step to the left.
"Oh come on! Quit moving around."
Candy steps into the conversation
"Hey what are you doing trying to beat up my friend here for?"
"That's none of your business. Now go scram and find your shepherd kid."
I take a whiff and try to tell what he is. It's hard to tell, smells like he took a big bath in some nasty cologne.

Someone grabs my serious business arm and starts trying to pull me away.
"Alright you're coming with me kid."
I easily rip my arm out of his hold and bop him in the face. I'm starting to think I know what he wants with me.
"Hey that really hurt!"
"Well you tried to hurt me first. What do you want with me?"
"Boss has a nice big reward sitting in his office for anyone that brings you in, dead or alive. So what's it gonna be?"
I hear a click come from his direction, sounds like-

"Freeze! Everybody put your hands up in the air this is a robbery!"
Sounds like there's also a robber in here as well.
"Is...is he with you?"
"That loser? Hell no. So you coming with me quietly or do I got to put a hole in your head first?"
"You try putting a hole in Rainy's head and I'll put a bigger one up yours pal, I'm here for her as well!"

Oh great, so the petty robber is also after me. Wonderful. It's a lot of work, but I try to make a rough mental image of my surroundings. Not sure if it'll help any though or if you'll even be able to see it at all. Any ideas on how I can deal with these two?
>>
No. 707758 ID: 02422f

>Have you been holding out on me?
Wasn't sure you would be able to see those, honestly. And you haven't been in a situation where plotted courses like that would help, before. That, and it's sorta bad form to post images in a quest without good reason cause they can look like updates, especially when they're edits of actual updates.

>Any ideas on how I can deal with these two?
I'm a fan of grabbing your assailant and throwing him at the robber. Candy would have to duck or move out of the way, though.

The problem, of course, is that if the robber has a gun, he has plenty of targets, and you can't exactly move fast enough to stop him from getting a shot off. (Unless Nibbles did something sneaky? Unfortunately we can't coordinate covertly). Could be mitigated by Candy and Nibbles ducking for cover by the pool table and the clerk dropping behind the counter, but you're wide open from behind until you get the assailant between you.
>>
No. 707787 ID: 3641d4

>>707758
Yeah, throw his ass at the robber.
>>
No. 707809 ID: 15a025
File 145747068621.png - (5.41KB , 800x600 , smashed dryer.png )
707809

>I'm a fan of grabbing your assailant and throwing him at the robber. Candy would have to duck or move out of the way, though.
>Yeah, throw his ass at the robber.
Sounds like a great plan. I'm pretty confident in my new arms power that I could just throw him over Candy and Nibbles. In case I can't I try to make a discreet hand gesture behind me and hope they get the hint.

"Well, you coming with me or do I need to give you some motivation by bla-what the hell!"
I slam into him and lift the assailant off the ground and chuck him as hard as I can towards the robber. I hear two gun shots but I don't think they hit anyone. There's a loud crash as well though, sounds like I hit the robber.
"Candy did I get them?"
"That was amazing Rainy! Where'd you learn to throw people around like that?"
"So...I got them both?"
The cashier chimes in.
"You hit more than just the robbers, ya smashed one of our dryers. It's fine though, I'm just glad we're all safe and alive. Just don't tell me you're a robber as well..."

I walk back over to Candy and Nibbles and they make sure I'm okay. After Nibbles does a little cleaning up and slapping some cuffs on the two she calls the station to have someone pick them up and bring them in. Conveniently are clothes are done drying.
"Real quick before we get going, was one of them a badger?"
"Just the petty robber. That other guy was a raccoon. Why do you ask?"
"I have a feeling that badger is in cahoots with those crazy circus people."
"I'll make a note of that then."
We all offer the help the cashier guy clean the place up a bit until the squad Nibbles called in comes. When they arrive we head out the door and book it out of here. Nibbles insists we make it to the castle early or we'll regret it later.

I doze off in the car for a bit but Candy and Nibbles wake me up.
"Rainy, get up!"
"Are we at the castle?"
"No, but we both think this truck is following us. It's been trailing us for a good half hour. Think I should kick the gas and go full speed or should we wait it out a bit longer and see what they do? Or should I stop at the nearest place and see what happens, or do you got any other ideas?"
>>
No. 707820 ID: 02422f

>Where'd you learn to throw people around like that?
Unless your secret forest training covered throwing people like that, you can claim to be a natural.

>After Nibbles does a little cleaning up and slapping some cuffs on
>five inches tall
...where does nibbles keep cuffs that fit on non-tiny people? (Are the cuffs enchanted to scale? Does she have a hammer-space storage enchantment? ...or is she just wearing a bandoleer of zip-tie cuffs?)

>Think I should kick the gas and go full speed or should we wait it out a bit longer and see what they do? Or should I stop at the nearest place and see what happens, or do you got any other ideas?
How close are we to the palace? We can't just let them be scared off by or gnabbed by the royal guard?
>>
No. 707822 ID: 15a025
File 145747932781.gif - (6.57KB , 800x600 , pew pew.gif )
707822

>...where does nibbles keep cuffs that fit on non-tiny people? (Are the cuffs enchanted to scale? Does she have a hammer-space storage enchantment? ...or is she just wearing a bandoleer of zip-tie cuffs?)
I think the police just use an enchantment to conjure up a pair of magical handcuffs that last awhile. I'll ask her later if you'd like though.

>How close are we to the palace? We can't just let them be scared off by or gnabbed by the royal guard?
"How much longer till we get to the castle?"
"Three hours."
Don't think we'll be scaring them off with any gu-
A couple of bangs and tinking sounds interrupt my train of though.
"They're trying to shoot our tires out!"
"Have they hit any yet?"
"No, I don't think so. Should we speed up or return fire?"
>>
No. 707841 ID: 02422f

>>707822
Gun it, Candy. You're good at losing pursuit.
>>
No. 707917 ID: 3641d4

Stop the car, get out, and steal their truck. Bust a few heads if you have to.
>>
No. 707959 ID: 15a025
File 145756293445.png - (7.43KB , 800x600 , no gas.png )
707959

>Gun it, Candy. You're good at losing pursuit.
"Do what you do best and gun it Candy!"
The cop car shouts out a vicious war cry and starts fleeing for its life.
"Nibbles, mind lighting me up a cig?"
"I do actually, this is a smoke free car."
"Ah fine, be a buzz kill then. How well do you know these roads Nibbles, I get the feeling we're going to have to off our route to lose these jerks."
"Enough to make sure we get to the castle, we might end up being late though."
"Better late than being dead or some kind of test subjects. Now hold onto your hats cause things are about to go crazy!"
It gets real crazy. The car twists and turns around every turn Candy can find. Sounds like no matter how many turns or how fast we go though these guys are still on our trail firing away. Either Candy is an amazing driver or these guys are horrible shots because all our tires are still intact as well as...well everything. The pursuit goes on for quite a long time. Eventually I think they just ran out of gas before or something.

"Okay I think we've lost them for now. So, where are we now Nibbles?"
"Uh....somewhere? We're pretty far off the trail from the looks of it."
"So we're lost now? Great..."
"No, we're not lost. I've got a vague idea as to where we are. Just keep following the road till we hit up a sign."
"If you say so."
I decide to try and sleep off what's probably going to a longer ride than we expected.
>>
No. 707960 ID: 15a025
File 145756303909.png - (108.43KB , 800x600 , stuck in a blizzard.png )
707960

I wake up to a rather unpleasant surprise. I hear Candy and Nibbles yelling something, then the breaks squeal, and then got a big old air bag smashing into my face. It stings a bit but I think I'm fine.

"Candy what just happened?"
"This stupid snowstorm blew down this huge tree and we just crashed into it. You alright?"
"I'm fine, where's Nibbles?"
"Clinging onto my neck for dear life. You okay back there Officer?"
"Just peachy...for now at least. We've only half an hour till we're expected to be at the castle. Don't think we'll be getting anywhere in this blizzard in case you were thinking of going on foot. Let me try radioing in our situation. Rainy, open up the glove box and pull out the emergency crank radio for me and start juicing it up."
I dig around the glove box and manage to find the radio. I use the serious business arm to really go to town at cranking it up for power. While I do this Nibbles starts sending out our situation.

"Hello, this Officer Nibbles radioing in for help. I'm sitting out here with two others just a little bit away from the castle road exit and need assistance getting out of here."
The radio just spits out static for a bit.
"Darn, guess it can't get out from this storm either. Alright, stop turning the crank and help me open the trunk Rainy. Looks like we're ro-
"Off--Nibb, State your business for c-- to the cas--!"
"Oh good someone was able get that after all. We we're all invited to dinner party for tonight at seven."
"Define 'we' Off--.
"Me, Lady Brasshoof, and a Miss Candy Cane."
"I'd hate to be in your situation then. Everyone here is getting antsy for your arr-"

Candy shoves my head down as far as it can go and the sound of a gunshot and a window shattering echoes.
"Someone please tell me we've got some kind of gun or weapon in here!"
"What was that! Candy who or what is out there?"
"There's some dog-wolf looking guys out there. One has a rifle on them and the other has a chainsaw."
"Hey wh-- on there? Y-- okay? -erd a gun sh-t!"
"We're under attack!"
[i]"That's ve-- ba-. We're sen-- out a- am to-. It'll take -- teen minutes before they arr-."
Another gunshot is fired and another window busts. I can feel the freezing air flooding into the car. One of the attackers yells something but I can't make out what they're saying over the storm.

"Rainy, there should be a small pistol and about twenty shots of ammo sitting in glove box get it out in case we need to return fire."
I pull it out for Nibbles. I try using the blindar to figure out where they might be out there but no luck. All it's mapping out is the cop car, the fallen tree, and all this snow. Any advice spooky guide spirits?
>>
No. 708122 ID: c47b0c

Don't get killed.
>>
No. 708193 ID: 02422f

>This stupid snowstorm blew down this huge tree and we just crashed into it.
I'm guessing the guy with the chainsaw cut it down, actually. This is a deliberate ambush.

If you're lucky, you've run into ordinary bandits and murderers, not people who want to drag you off to be experimented on. ...though this is odd, since the people pursuing you really shouldn't have been able to predict where you would end up after Candy's random walk. Not sure how they coordinated this.

>Any advice spooky guide spirits?
If the car had any lights, cut them now. They're just making it easier for your opposition to aim.

The weather conditions mean their sight is gonna be bad too. Nibbles could probably disappear into the storm to do some sneak attacks, assuming she has a charm or something that'll keep her from freezing to death (her size means the cold is a much bigger problem for her than the rest of you). Before that though, she might want to throw her speed buff.

If they're here for you, you might be able to stall, by pretending to negotiate a surrender while we stall for time.

Might want to give Candy the gun, since she has eyes, and you have your arm. (I assume Nibbles has her own gear scaled for her stature).

>blindar only showing snow
I'm not sure if that's a random distribution pattern, or if we're supposed to be able to read into it. Could gaps in the snow pattern show where ambushes are standing? (Like, there's a pretty noticeable circle in the upper left).

Maybe we can switch from object radar to life sense? You don't seem to have that on, it's not even showing the two people right next to you in the car, who should be in range. [Toggle life sense on]
>>
No. 708337 ID: 15a025
File 145773158622.png - (138.29KB , 800x600 , stuck in a blizzard 2 huh.png )
708337

>If you're lucky, you've run into ordinary bandits and murderers, not people who want to drag you off to be experimented on. ...though this is odd, since the people pursuing you really shouldn't have been able to predict where you would end up after Candy's random walk. Not sure how they coordinated this.
I highly doubt ordinary bandits/murderers go after the cops. I don't know how they're coordinating this attack on us, especially with how amazing Candy is at losing people on the streets. Maybe they know we're trying to go to the castle?

>Don't get killed.
That was kind of already the plan.

>If the car had any lights, cut them now. They're just making it easier for your opposition to aim.
"Candy, are the car lights light?"
"No, the car kind of shit out on impact. Yes the heater/AC is also shot so get ready to freeze your buns off."

>The weather conditions mean their sight is gonna be bad too. Nibbles could probably disappear into the storm to do some sneak attacks, assuming she has a charm or something that'll keep her from freezing to death (her size means the cold is a much bigger problem for her than the rest of you). Before that though, she might want to throw her speed buff.
"How well do you think you could handle the cold out there Nibbles?"
"Not well. I'm barely staying warm in here. "
"You can bundle up in my wool if you need to Nibbles, I don't mind."
"Thanks Candy!"
"Nibbles, did you bring any enchanted stuff with you?"
"Yup, I've got an enchanted light ring on right now. It's a little different than what I brought to the circus. This one let's me conjure up a pair of magic light handcuffs, it takes a few minutes to charge up and use though. It's also got the speed up enchantment that I can activate and use at will, but only lasts for a minute and has a five minute cool down. Last thing on it is the stun enchantment, which also takes a good four or five minutes to use, only lasts for a solid minuet, and has a half hour cool down."
"Is the cool down for just the spell or the whole the ring?"
"The whole ring."

>Might want to give Candy the gun, since she has eyes, and you have your arm. (I assume Nibbles has her own gear scaled for her stature).
"Candy I think you should take the pistol."
"Then what are you going to use to defend your-self?"
"These freaky powerful robot arm that has a literal hand gun built into it."
"Oh, duh."
"Out of curiosity Nibbles, other than the enchanted ring what other gear do you have?"
"Just my coat and officer's hat. If it really came down to it though, I might be able to use one of the broken shards of glass as knife to stab someone."

>I'm not sure if that's a random distribution pattern, or if we're supposed to be able to read into it. Could gaps in the snow pattern show where ambushes are standing? (Like, there's a pretty noticeable circle in the upper left).
I try bringing up the radar image and the blizzard pattern seems different but more or less the same as the last one.
I can hear a chainsaw rev up in the distance. It's sounds like it's off to the right. Let me circle where I think they're at on the-. Another gunshot goes off and another one of the windows shatters.
"Final warning! Give us the deer girl now or we're charging down there to blow your heads off!"
>>
No. 708365 ID: 02422f

>Maybe they know we're trying to go to the castle?
Unless this is the only road though these woods that gets you to the castle that still seems weird. Unless they're camping all the routes.

>Final warning! Give us the deer girl now or we're charging down there to blow your heads off!
Hey! No fair! You didn't give us any earlier warnings!

also fat lot of good surrendering will do if we all just freeze to death anyways!

>what do
Stall, throw words back and forth with the attackers. Buy time for your back up, and for Nibbles to charge up her enchanted ring.

Then we fake a surrender. Hide Nibbles on Rainy, only once you get close, we're not going quietly. Once you're close enough for the radar to work, you'll be able to use your arm in the snow, and Nibbles can jump out and surprise ambush with speed and/or a stunner, and Candy opens fire as their attention is suddenly on you resisting.

Moving quick and in the snow, they shouldn't even know Nibbles is there. They'll just see you putting up a fight.

Downside is we have to win this fast. Nibbles will have minutes, tops, on her own in that cold. Gotta down the bad guys and recover her fast.
>>
No. 708460 ID: 0461fb

>>708365
Why not just hide Nibbles in Candy's wool and have her go out with Rainy for surprise attack. Pretend to surrender first though.
>>
No. 708461 ID: 02422f

>>708460
I was thinking they would only want to / let Rainy approach, and the others to stay back. That, and a gun works at a distance.

Advantage of getting Candy closer is she can probably conceal Nibbles better than Rainy, and she could probably use her gun more effectively if there's less blinding snow in the way.

Disadvantage would be we can't have Nibbles jump right out on whoever tries to get close enough to restrain or drug Rainy, and Candy walking into a 'surrender' with a weapon out might not work so well. (Unless the storm is bad enough they can't tell, anyways).
>>
No. 709129 ID: c47b0c

When you go outside, try to catch some snowflakes with your tongue.
>>
No. 709563 ID: 15a025
File 145808247077.png - (92.15KB , 800x600 , why so shakey.png )
709563

>Unless this is the only road though these woods that gets you to the castle that still seems weird. Unless they're camping all the routes.
I'm not sure how many roads lead to the castle...

>Hey! No fair! You didn't give us any earlier warnings!
The other warning(s)? Must have been those other shots?

>Stall, throw words back and forth with the attackers. Buy time for your back up, and for Nibbles to charge up her enchanted ring.
>Then we fake a surrender. Hide Nibbles on Rainy, only once you get close, we're not going quietly. Once you're close enough for the radar to work, you'll be able to use your arm in the snow, and Nibbles can jump out and surprise ambush with speed and/or a stunner, and Candy opens fire as their attention is suddenly on you resisting.
"Nibbles, can you hold a charge on an enchantment?"
"Yeah if I finish charging an enchantment I can hold the charge. Can only hold it so long though before I get exhausted and shoot it at someone."
"Hop into my pocket and start charging up the stun spell, I've got a plan. We're going to fake surrender. Candy you stay in here and try to shoot them once they're focused on me."
"I'll do my best! I'll make they get their just desserts for this."
I shout out to the attackers.
"I'm willing to surrender if you're willing to let me live!"
"Then get out here as a body before we deiced to pull you out as a corpse."
I open the car door and get out. As soon as I'm out I have my hands up in the frigid air. I'm not so sure how long Nibbles and I can last out here. I'm suited up in a heavy jacket and sweeter here, yet I can already feel my fur shoot up from the cold. It's so freezing out here it actually stings a bit.

>When you go outside, try to catch some snowflakes with your tongue.
Very easy. I almost drown my tongue in snowflakes. Wind out here is pretty strong.
Nibbles whispers to me from my jacket pocket, her voice is shaky and cattery.
"Rrr...Rainy, iiit m..might take me a fff...few mo mo...moments more tt.to charge this up. W..way to cold out here."

>Moving quick and in the snow, they shouldn't even know Nibbles is there. They'll just see you putting up a fight.
Good idea. I might even fake it to look like I'm the one throwing the enchantment instead of Nibbles if you think that's a good idea.
I jog towards the attackers. We need stall for as much time as we can but at the same time I don't want to walk and freeze out here. Unfortunately I slip on some ice and hurt my ankle. Another gunshot is fired off.
"Quit fucking around down there and get the lead out. We don't exactly have all day you know!"

I slowly get up and start walking, being more cautious for slippery ice now.
"Where are you at?"
"Oh for the love of, I'm right here you dolt! What are you blind or something?"
"Actually I am. Thanks for noticing."
I can hear the snow crunch as one of them approaches me. Something cold and heavy gets pressed up to my forehead. The Blindar picks up one of their hearts and displays it under the snow's interference. Their heart comes up as blue, that's kind of new.
"A..alright hands behind your back, Levi get over here and cuff her."
His voice sounds pretty shaky.
"W..why do I have to cuff her, why don't you cuff her yourself Chad!"
"Because I'm the one with the rifle on her head!"
"W...well what if I don't want to cuff her. W..what if I want to be the one to hold her hostage and have you cuff her?"
>>
No. 709594 ID: 02422f

Hopefully backup shows up soon. Even if you knock these guys out, all we've got to warm up in is a dead car. With broken windows. I mean, you can cuddle up in there, but that'll only do so much.

The guys must have a cabin or car or something nearby to keep warm in, but no guarantees we can find it in this storm.

>"W...well what if I don't want to cuff her. W..what if I want to be the one to hold her hostage and have you cuff her?"
Depending on if Nibbles' charged up, you could either stall by suggesting they go ahead and switch, or cut to it, and tell them just to hurry this up, it's cold out here.

Assuming she's in a front facing pocket, Nibbles needs to stun the gunman in front of you, and you can use your mech-hand to grab and overpower the idiot fumbling around trying to cuff you. Overpower him / put him in his own cuffs.

Then you need to stuff Nibbles down your shirt jacket before she freezes.
>>
No. 709718 ID: 15a025
File 145815923421.png - (117.68KB , 800x600 , stun him.png )
709718

>Depending on if Nibbles' charged up, you could either stall by suggesting they go ahead and switch, or cut to it, and tell them just to hurry this up, it's cold out here.
>Assuming she's in a front facing pocket, Nibbles needs to stun the gunman in front of you, and you can use your mech-hand to grab and overpower the idiot fumbling around trying to cuff you. Overpower him / put him in his own cuffs.
I'll stall for some time, not sure if Nibbles is ready yet. I'll try to hint at her to stun the gunman if she is though.
"I'm sorry but could you two hurry it up here? I'm going to freeze to death by the time you to stop arguing and get your act together."
They both slap me across the face and yell at me.
"Shut up! No one asked for your opinion!"
"Rude. Hey Rifle-Man, you got anything I can Nibble on?"
"No, even if I did I wouldn't give you any. We're trying to kidnap you here remember?"
"Hard to remember that part when you're doing a poor job at it. Can you just hurry up and get going with this, this weather is horrible. I'm surprised anyone can move around in this storm."
I feel Nibbles moving around in my jacket pocket and soon there's a loud humming noise.

"What the hell! I...I can't move!"
I quickly turn around and give the chainsaw guy a good old knuckle sandwich. I can hear the cuffs hit the ground and pick them up. I beat on the chainsaw guy a little more and cuff him. After that I go back to the Rifleman and slug him too. I hear his gun drop to the ground.
"How the hell are you attacking us like this when you're supposed to be blind! How are you even able to use enchantments, boss said you didn't have accesses to any enchantments!"
"I told you to bring some protection to fight off enchantments Chad, but no you had to be all 'No Levi, boss said she wouldn't have any magic stuff, it's too heavy to wear anyway!'"

While they argue between themselves I pick up the rifle.
"Whoa whoa whoa, okay, so we tried to kidnap you and bring you to our boss, big deal right? We're just trying to make living here and put bread on the table. Y...you can understand that right? Uh...how about you let us go here and...we'll...we'll let you keep that very nice rifle and even let you have that delux chainsaw for free! What'd ya say there pal?"
>>
No. 709739 ID: 02422f

>We're just trying to make living here and put bread on the table.
Next time try making a living in a way that doesn't involve attacking people.

Candy! I got em, come here and help me keep an eye on them.

>What'd ya say there pal?
I say you're my hostages now, and you're gonna lead us somewhere where we won't all freeze to death since you broke our car. You've gotta have a car or place near here. One that doesn't have your boss or anyone else waiting for you?

>what else do
Discreetly move Nibbles somewhere warmer (either inside you coat, or back to Candy's wool) when they aren't looking. If the cold is still a problem, we could steal their coats, but that has to be done carefully so they don't get an opening to fight back (Candy trains gun, you steal?).

We need to get out of the cold and hold out for our backup.

Make sure you put their cuffs on one of them (probably Rifle, he seemed more competent).
>>
No. 709854 ID: 9bc300

Oh shit is that a red heart in the upper right corner?! HIT THE DECK!
>>
No. 709882 ID: cd90cb

>>709854
Where? I don't see it?
>>
No. 709947 ID: 15a025
File 145824817829.png - (115.85KB , 800x600 , return of trish.png )
709947

"Candy get out here! I managed to subdue them. Help me keep an eye on these two."
"Coming!"
>I say you're my hostages now, and you're gonna lead us somewhere where we won't all freeze to death since you broke our car. You've gotta have a car or place near here. One that doesn't have your boss or anyone else waiting for you?
"Alright pal, I'd say you're my hostages now. My first demand is you bring me and Candy somewhere we won't freeze to death. Fair trade seeing as you busted our car."
"Your car? I believe that's the cop's car not yours!"
Nibbles joins the conversation
"Actually it is our car. Officer Nibbles reporting in to arrest your frozen butts and throw ya in the brig."
"How ya going to do that without a working car?"
"Magic."
"Whatever. Anyway back to the subject of getting someplace warm. Only place is our truck that has no gas left. Feel free to freeze in there."

>we could steal their coats, but that has to be done carefully so they don't get an opening to fight back (Candy trains gun, you steal?).
"Or we could just steal your coats to stay warm. They're wearing coats right?"
Candy arrives.
"Alright you have five seconds to tell me why I shouldn't pop a cap in your skull and end you!"
"Candy chill it for now. Keep an eye on them while I take their jackets. "
I fight with the Rifle man to rip his jacket off. It's a very nice heavy winter jacket and it's even got pockets on the inside! Unfortunately the pockets are empty. I pull Nibbles out of my jacket pocket and slip her into my sweeter pocket and zip up my jacket, and then put on and zip up the Rifle-Man's jacket.
"You can take the saw guy's jacket if you want to Candy."
"Eh, I'm fine for now."

>Oh shit is that a red heart in the upper right corner?! HIT THE DECK!
You're right!
"Candy hit the deck! There's a third attacker hiding somewhere!"
I drop down into the snow, still holding the rifle and aiming it at the rifle man.
"Who's the third guy hiding in the trees or whatever."
"Third guy? You tryin to mess with us or something? It's just me and Levi out here. On top of that, how the hell can you tell if there's anyone else out here. I thought you were suppose to be blind."
I hear a small thud, followed by some hurried crunching of snow. Whoever it is, isn't very good at being stealthy.
"Rainy watch out!"
A red explanation mark pops up on the blindar and I move out of the way instantly. I hear Candy unload a few shots back into the woods.
"Candy what was that?"
"A poorly thrown throwing kni-"

A big gun shout blares through the storm and Candy screams in pain.
"Candy what happened! You alright?"
"Does it sound like I'm alright! I just got shot in the arm and I'm bleeding all over place!"
A familiar voice shouts back at us.
"You're next blind bitch!"
It's Trish! What is she doing out here?
>>
No. 709970 ID: 02422f

>Only place is our truck that has no gas left. Feel free to freeze in there.
So, uh. They were planning on capturing you then freezing to death in the woods with you? They're either complete idiots or they're lying.

>hidden red heart
Holy heck, good eye. Even knowing where to look that took me way too long to see.

>Candy, shot
Aw, noooooo. Also blood loss in this cold really isn't good. We need that backup to find you guys soon if we want to keep her alive. (Candy, keep pressure on the wound).

>under attack
Why'd she throw the knife at you, then shoot Candy? If she's out to get you, you'd think she'd have just shot you when she could have. That suggests she's got someone with her.

>It's Trish! What is she doing out here?
Following up on a grudge, apparently. Deal with the threat now, search for answers later.

She's in the upper left, now. Return fire. Red ! to the right and down a little. Hopefully that's the one you just dodged, and not a new threat pincering you.
>>
No. 710081 ID: 31efaa

>Candy got shot
End this bitches life NOW.
>>
No. 710233 ID: 15a025
File 145836267039.png - (5.92KB , 800x600 , more lazy hot chocolate because buckwheat dont kno.png )
710233

>Aw, noooooo. Also blood loss in this cold really isn't good. We need that backup to find you guys soon if we want to keep her alive. (Candy, keep pressure on the wound).
"Candy! Make sure you keep pressure on that wound!"
"I know! Focus on not getting shot your-self!"

>She's in the upper left, now. Return fire. Red ! to the right and down a little. Hopefully that's the one you just dodged, and not a new threat pincering you.
The red mark to the right is the one she threw already. I aim with the rifle as best as I can and take a shot at her.
"How cute! Blindy thinks she can shoot me. Be thankful I have to bring you back alive or else I'-"
I readjust my aim and fire again. Sounds like a hit as I hear something hit the ground.
"Fuuuuuuuck! That hurts like hell!"
I step towards Trish with caution. I can hear her breathing heavily. I also hear sirens blaring through the storm.
"Double fuuuuck. Alright blind bitch, you've won the battle but don't think you've won the war!"
I hear her spring up and something pops. Smells like smoke? Did she just pop a smoke bomb in the middle of a snowstorm? No time to question her logic, I run over to Candy and make sure she's still doing alright.
"How are you holding up Candy?"
"Still alive and freezing. Did you manage to shoot her?"
"I hit her somewhere but she high tailed it when she heard the sirens going."
"Shit."

A few of the cops hurry over and help Candy and me into the car. When we get in we're both handed blankets and some very sweet smelling hot chocolate.
"If only we could have gotten her sooner. Don't worry though, once we get to the castle we'll make sure Miss Kane is taken care of. Got the best damn doctors anyone could ever ask for."
"I...I hope we haven't caused much trouble being late and all."
"Eh...normally the King would be pretty offended and think you skipped out on his invite but he'll understand why you're late. It's going to be a bit before we get to the ca...wait, where's Officer Nibbles?"
"Mmm in ere!"
"She's warming up in my jacket."
"Ah alright. Anyway, It'll be a few minutes before we arrive. Got any questions?"
>>
No. 710300 ID: 02422f

>"How cute! Blindy thinks she can shoot me. Be thankful I have to bring you back alive or else I'-"
...even if Rainy didn't have any magical means to compensate, talking gives away your location.

>Did she just pop a smoke bomb in the middle of a snowstorm?
And to protect her from a blind person.

...and when she's going to leave tracks in the snow your reinforcements can follow.

>Got any questions?
Did they take the two idiots who ambushed you into custody? They might give us a lead, and we can't leave them to freeze to death.

Is anyone able to pursue the third suspect? She ran, but she's injured. There should be footprints and/or a blood trail in the snow to follow.

But yeah, just get us where we're going. Candy needs to get treated.
>>
No. 710750 ID: fd9404

"Will you be my date to the royal ball?"
>>
No. 710792 ID: 15a025
File 145859095535.png - (13.49KB , 800x600 , scallop.png )
710792

>And to protect her from a blind person...and when she's going to leave tracks in the snow your reinforcements can follow.
I'm starting to ponder as to how these badgers managed to get anything done when they've got fine dandies like Trish working for them.

>Did they take the two idiots who ambushed you into custody? They might give us a lead, and we can't leave them to freeze to death.
"You did have someone arrest those two who ambushed us...right?"
"Of course we're bringing those scum bags into custody."

>Is anyone able to pursue the third suspect? She ran, but she's injured. There should be footprints and/or a blood trail in the snow to follow.
"What about the third attacker? There's a badger named Trish who attacked us and shot Candy. I managed to return fire but she ran off. Are there plans to pursue her and bring her in?"
"Like we'd let some criminal flea bag get away from us. Group of royal knights are chasing her down as we speak. Anything else?"

>But yeah, just get us where we're going. Candy needs to get treated.
"Nope, just hurry and get us to the castle. Candy really needs help!"
For once, it doesn't take too long to arrive at our destination. When we get to the castle gate, Candy gets rushed out of the car and sent to medical bay.
"I want to go with and make sure sh-"
"No time, the King's been dying to meet with you. It'd be rude to keep him waiting. Don't worry though, Miss Kane is at the hands of the best doctors in the nation, she'll be fine."
The car kicks into motion again after a security check.
"You like carrots Lady Brasshoof?"
"They're alright."
"Hope you won't get sick of them before your stay ends. It's all the King has to eat around here is carrot this and carrot that."
"What about other vegetables or...meats?"
"Oh, right forgot about cabbages. As for meat...there might be fish? Can she even eat meat???"
Soon the car stops and someone opens the car door for me.
"Enjoy your stay Miss Brasshoof!"

I get out of the car and get handed something, it's a walking stick.
"Thank you!"
"No problem Lady Brasshoof! Allow me to introduce myself. The name's Oscar but if you'd like, all my friends call me Scallop. I've been assigned to be your personal assistant and bodyguard for the next few days."
"It's a pleasure to meet you Oscar. If you don't mind me asking, what species are you? I...I don't really recognize your scent?"
"Oh hush, it's no problem at all. I'm just your regular everyday sea otter."
My stomach starts to audibly grumble. I'm starting to realize I haven't really had a chance to eat anything other than breakfast.
"Somebody sounds hungry... shall we head off and join everyone for dinner?"
"Dinner sounds pretty good right now. Haven't really ate anything today other than breakfast and some ice cream earlier..."
"Wonderful! I...I'm just going to let you know ahead of time though...the King's been...a little on the grumpy end lately. Just try to ignore any rude remarks he may make. Also, you're not allergic to carrots or cabbages are you? It's...kind of all we eat here."
"I'm fine with carrots and cabbages but...why is it that's all you eat around here?"
"Plain and simple reason, it's all the King likes to eat is stuff with carrots and cabbages. We should probably get going, it's starting to get nippy out here and I'm sure everyone is getting tired of waiting for us."
"Mmm Eainy,an I om out now?"
"Oh I'm sorry Nibbles. I kind of forgot you were in there."

Oscar walks me inside while I unzip my coats and let Nibbles out.
"Ah you must be Lady Brasshoof's good friend, Officer Nibbles! It's a pleasure to meet you. Will you be accompanying us for dinner tonight as well?
"I...oh gee, I'm not...so sure... ah why not."
"Wonderful! Let's make our way shall we? Oh wait, how rude of me. Let me call someone over to grab your coats and such."
Oscar makes a loud whistle and almost instantly someone's already here grabbing my coat.
"Now we can be off and join everyone for din-"
"Oh uh...Scallop, there was a huge accident over in the enchantment wing in the testing room. The one where they test for S-class licenses and they've been asking all over for you to head in there. They really need your help with something.
"Hoo boy, this sure is pickle here. Uh...how bad is it? What happened?"
"I've no idea what's going in there but they're running all over looking for you. Why, what do you have going on?"
"King's got me assigned to be Lady Brasshoof's personal assistant and bodyguard during her stay here for next few days and we were about to head off for dinner."
"Dinner? Wasn't that half an hour ago...? Yikes, yeah I'd say you're in quite the pickle then Scallop."
"If only I could be in two places at once. Lady Bra-"
"If you don't mind...I'd actually just prefer it if you called me Rainy."
"A..are you sure about that? I mean, we just met after all and... Anyway, if you don't mind. Care to take a trip with me and find out what the ruckus is there or shall we go after dinner?"
>>
No. 710797 ID: 02422f

>only carrots and lettuce
So I'm not being racist when I assume the royal family are rabbits, am I?

>check on the latest disaster or go to dinner
Even if the king is annoyed at us being late, we'll probably regret it more if we ignore whatever the latest disaster is.

>>710750
Alas, we are still dateless and dinnerless.
>>
No. 710924 ID: cd90cb

>Alas, we are still dateless and dinnerless.
Let's ask Scallop to be our date then.
>>
No. 710936 ID: 15a025
File 145868023722.png - (10.59KB , 800x600 , can you see the secret.png )
710936

>So I'm not being racist when I assume the royal family are rabbits, am I?
I'm not even sure myself but I feel it's a pretty fair assumption so far.

>Even if the king is annoyed at us being late, we'll probably regret it more if we ignore whatever the latest disaster is.
"Ah what's another half hour or so. I'm already pretty late by the sounds of it."
"I hope it doesn't take that long! They won't serve dinner until the royal family is all there along with the guest of honor, which tonight you happen to be. Just thinking about the 'fun' that must be going on in the dining hall is a little worrisome, not as worried as I am about what might be going on in testing room though. Let's hurry."
Oscar grabs my wrist and runs off with me. It's hard to keep up with him but just shows I could be in better shape.
"Sorry to run you ragged like this but if they need me down here it might be pretty bad."
"Why's that?"
"I'm the guy in charge of that department."

After some running around someone yells down the hall for us.
"Scallop! Get in here and put a stop to this madness!"
" What's going on in there that you need my help with?"
"Chimera just spawned in here out of nowhere and ate the enchanted scepters!
"Which ones?"
"All of them!!!
"No need to scream about it now. Why not just call in one of the holy mages to dispose of it?
"Because if the King finds out we let a chimera just spawn in the vault and eat all four of the enchanted scepters, everyone's heads would roll! Can't you just use some of your crazy water magic or something to kill it?"
"I hope you realize that those scepters are thankfully just props and that you've all failed the surprise exam. For a second here I thought this might have been something actually serious.
"Surprise exam? Scallop there is a live chimera thrashing about in the vault as we speak and non of the enchantments we throw at it are working!"
"That's because it's just a mere illusion created by an enchantment the king had one of the sages make for me. I'd tell you what's coming next but what fun would that be? If you'll excuse us now, we've got a dinner date with the King.
[i]"Oh you and your surprise exams. How were we suppose to know that chimera was fake, and what's the penalty for failing this one?"
"Now what fun would it be if I were to just give you the answers?, as for the penalty eh...I'll think of something later. Have fun with the other surprise now!"

Scallop starts walking me back to the dining hall
"I'm a little confused here Scallop. If you were holding some kind of serious exam in there, why were you so worried something bad was going on?"
"Little bit of paranoid thoughts something else was going on besides the exam. Can't be too careful around here, especially after that embarrassing kidnapping of the princess."
"I suppose so."
"Well before we get back to the dining hall, I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have about the castle or myself. Or anything else on your mind."
>>
No. 710944 ID: 02422f

>we might be holding up dinner for everyone
Oh. Well, no pressure or anything.

>Guy in charge of enchantment department is our personal bodyguard
Seems an odd allocation of resources. I guess a wizard is pretty good overkill for a bodyguard if you're trying to keep someone safe?

>I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have about the castle or myself
So... are chimeras unexpectedly spawning inside secure areas an actual problem? (Does the magic attract them or something?). The last place we were in made it seem like they had to be made.

What was the correct solution to your surprise exam? Notice it wasn't pinging all the alarms it should, test for an illusion, and then dispel it?

>paranoia and surprise tests
I approve. That's how security works.
>>
No. 711002 ID: 0fb6e7

"Oh Oscar will you please be my dinner date tonight?"
>>
No. 711010 ID: cd90cb

Kick Oscar in the nuts
>>
No. 711037 ID: 15a025
File 145876619985.png - (10.45KB , 800x600 , oscar fight 1.png )
711037

>Seems an odd allocation of resources. I guess a wizard is pretty good overkill for a bodyguard if you're trying to keep someone safe?
Having someone who can use lethal enchantments around to protect me is pretty sweet.

>So... are chimeras unexpectedly spawning inside secure areas an actual problem? (Does the magic attract them or something?). The last place we were in made it seem like they had to be made.
"So...can Chimera's actually just spawn into random areas like that? Earlier today we were in some crazy lab below a circus where it really seemed like they had to be made."
"Spawn isn't the best word for it. 'Teleport into' or 'summoned' are better words to describe what could have happened in there. Enchanted items with crazy powerful curses just sitting around can attract a chimera into teleporting and eating it for power."
>What was the correct solution to your surprise exam? Notice it wasn't pinging all the alarms it should, test for an illusion, and then dispel it?
"So...how were they suppose to solve the problem there?"
"First thing they should have noticed was no alarms were going off in there. Let's say the alarms were bugged or destroyed though. They mentioned attacking it with light magic and it not working. Right there should have been a dead giveaway something was up. Light enchantments are highly lethal to chimeras and wouldn't just 'not work' on them. Best course of action from there would be start scanning for active enchantments and go from there."
"I didn't even know there was something that can detect enchantments in use. "
"Another wonderful enchantment the king had the Sage make in mass. Sage wasn't too happy about that one though..."
"Why's that?"
"Best way to sum it up without talking your ear off is just saying it was a part of an ongoing political and ethics dispute."

>Kick Oscar in the nuts
Why? That'd be pretty rude.

"Here, let me get the door for you." The door creeks as it's slowly opened and the sound of something shattering echoes. "Hey! Who had the nerves to chuck that wine bottle at us!"
"I did ya old shit! If you're here to tell the King his guest of honor isn't showing then get the hell out of here."
"I beg your pardon? There's no excuse for that kind of behavior or language in here. Keep it up and I'll have to ask you to leave. Now go sound the horns our guest has arrived."
"W..what? That...can't...?"
Can't what? Come on now, it's rude to keep our guest waiting out there."
[i]"It'd be rude to keep her waiting? How about making the rest of us and the King wait for an entire hour in here to eat some damn fancy dinner, is that not considered rude?"

"I warned you once and I won't warn you again about your rude behavior here. Now drop the sword and see your-self out of here at once."

"Oscar you don't need to make a big deal out of this, he does have a point after all.
"Nonsense! It is my given task to protect you and that includes protecting your honor as our guest."
"She lost that honor the minute she blew off the king's invitation tonight! It is you who should see yourself out so we can finally feast!"
"The only thing you'll be feasting on now is the shame you bring to the good name of the royal guard. I'll ask you once more, see yourself out or I'll have you detained for the night."
"You can try and make me leave old man but I'm not going quietly!"

From the sounds of it, the two are having a pretty fierce sword fight in there. The sounds of metal hitting metal echoes pretty loudly. I didn't even know people still fought with swords? While they're dueling it out I try to sneak past them and start feeling around for an empty seat when I smell something very familiar, I think I smell three or four badgers in the room. One them is the one Oscar is fighting right now. Let me try and make a map of things here. There's more people in the room then I can map out so I'll just note the important few here. Should I worry and intervene or just relax keep trying to find a seat, or do something else?
>>
No. 711132 ID: 02422f

Well this ain't great. Hopefully not all badgers are in on the conspiracy out to get you? That would be racist, right?

>Should I worry and intervene or just relax keep trying to find a seat, or do something else?
Uh, I'm going to worry, but I'm not so sure intervening in a duel between a wizard and royal guard is the best idea. I mean, honor shouldn't hold you back from messing with the outcome, but they should both be very capable. Not sure you could safely land a sucker hit on the guard, especially since he's facing you right now.

Nibbles is still with you, right?
>>
No. 711182 ID: 0461fb

>Hopefully not all badgers are in on the conspiracy out to get you? That would be racist, right?
>"W..what? That...can't...?"

I'm getting the feeling the badger Oscar is fighting is part of that crazy cult. Might want to be cautious here. Just try to find a seat and let those two blow off their steam for now.
Wait, is the King in here? If so how is letting a fight break out in the dinning room, someone else could get hurt here.
>>
No. 711508 ID: 15a025
File 145896354766.png - (10.97KB , 800x600 , poisoned drink.png )
711508

>I'm not so sure intervening in a duel between a wizard and royal guard is the best idea.
>Not sure you could safely land a sucker hit on the guard, especially since he's facing you right now.
Yeah, he'd definitely see it coming if I tried to knock his lights out.
>Nibbles is still with you, right?
... I forgot to bring her with when Oscar dragged me down to that other wing!

>Just try to find a seat and let those two blow off their steam for now.
Sounds like all I can really do.
I shift around the chairs trying to find an empty seat when a boisterous, hearty voice shouts out and echoes through the hall.
"Stop this childish swordplay at once you flea bitten mongrel of the slums! This is our fine dining hall, not some trashy dinner theater you'd fine in the slums downtown. Your foul actions and remarks tonight have disgraced the royal guard and what it stands foe, and in front of our fair guest none the less. If you think you're starving now, let's how you feel after a month of rotting in prison for on a diet of stale bread and warm water. Someone hurry up and detain this degenerate before he sheds his foulness onto someone else! And Oscar, please help our fine guest to her seat so that we may commence dinner!"
"Yes your highness!"
There's some commotion and rude outbursts from the badger who went after Oscar, they fade away as some others drag him out of the hall. Oscar guides me over to an empty seat on the end of the table. It's very comfortable and has a cushy seat. After sitting down, something warm, soft, and fluffy is placed onto my lap...and it's squirming around!!!
"Heheh, you've quiet the cozy lap here, Lady Brasshoof! Now that our guest of honor has arrived and some of us have blown off some steam, let us enjoy our gracious dinner!"

Tasty aromas of all kinds of carrots burst into the room at full force. Two plates are brought over to me and the king. They're just plain cooked carrots but still pretty delicious. After finishing my plate, one of the badgers in the room approaches us and sets a two drinks by me. I'm no expert on telling if a drink is spiked or not, but I get the very distinct feeling these are drugged with something. Should I say something about them or just leave the drinks be for now? Everyone thing seems so nice right, especially the nice harp music playing in the background. I'd hate to blurt out danger and make a scene and possibly ruin everyone's dinner.
>>
No. 711535 ID: 7b65b9

I don't think you technically have to drink it. you could just say you aren't thirsty.
>>
No. 711568 ID: 0461fb

I bet you're real thirsty though Rainy. Throat feeling a bit dry? Ya know you want to take a sip!
>>
No. 711574 ID: 02422f

>I forgot to bring her with when Oscar dragged me down to that other wing!
I didn't realize she'd disembarked.

Well, hopefully she can find her way around. Or sneak around.

>Heheh, you've quiet the cozy lap here, Lady Brasshoof!
Is... is the king sitting in your lap?

I don't know whether to be offended or just weirded out. How do you even react to that?

>potentially drugged drink
I would not drink that, for sure.

The problem is less ruining everyone's dinner and the fact that whoever is attempting to drug you is apparently trusted / considered safe enough to serve the king. Challenging that without proof could put you in a bad position.
>>
No. 711743 ID: 0461fb

>The problem is less ruining everyone's dinner and the fact that whoever is attempting to drug you is apparently trusted / considered safe enough to serve the king. Challenging that without proof could put you in a bad position.

Shoot, that's a good point. Don't really have any proof that the drinks are drugged and doubt magic necklace radar is going to fly with anybody here. Only other option is dispose of the drinks without drinking them. Maybe you could just knock the glasses over and spill them on the table? Blame the accident on your blindness and apologize like crazy.
>>
No. 711873 ID: 15a025
File 145918156365.png - (7.77KB , 800x600 , oscar fight 2.png )
711873

>I don't think you technically have to drink it. you could just say you aren't thirsty.
That's a good idea, but how am I going to protect the king from getting poisoned?

>I bet you're real thirsty though Rainy. Throat feeling a bit dry? Ya know you want to take a sip!
Previous idea is no longer a good idea. I'm rather parched now, thanks.

>Is... is the king sitting in your lap? I don't know whether to be offended or just weirded out. How do you even react to that?
The king is sitting on my lap and he's crushing my legs. I'd say something but I feel like this might be some weird royal tradition or something.

>The problem is less ruining everyone's dinner and the fact that whoever is attempting to drug you is apparently trusted / considered safe enough to serve the king. Challenging that without proof could put you in a bad position.
I don't think the radar vision of an enchanted necklace whose enchantment isn't very well documented is going to count as good proof.

>Maybe you could just knock the glasses over and spill them on the table? Blame the accident on your blindness and apologize like crazy.
This sounds like it could go so sour, but sounds better than just challenging whoever served our drinks. I start feeling around the table a bit to make it seem like I'm trying to find my drink and then knock over the kings drink first.
"Good heavens! And right on my favorite meal!"
"I...I'm sorry your highness! I...I didn't mean to spill it all over..."
"So, you only meant to spill it just a little over?"
"No, I didn't mean to spill it at all. I'm so sorry, I...I didn't mean to ruin your wonderful cuisine."
"Ah lighten up a bit. It's all fine. It's actually getting late anyhow, what do you say we retire to my chambers and discus some more, serious matters?"
"That's a little...sudden. May I bring some food with, I haven't really eaten anything all day."
"Sure, sure. Someone send up some leftovers to my chambers."

The king hops off my lap and Oscar grabs my hand. We start walking and all get stopped at the door by one of the badgers, I think it's the one who brought us the poisoned drinks.
"I'm afraid I can't let you three leave the room."
"And why's that?"
"It's too dangerous out there. A group of rebels have broken into the castle and they're out to get Lady Brasshoof and the king."
"Oh really now? How come none of the alarms are going off then? Why is there no one on the intercoms shouting for them to be found? And most of all, how do you know about these rebels?"
"Because you're talking to one right now! Before you pull any switches and alarms I'm warning you right now, this whole dining room is rigged with all sorts of explosives. If our demands aren't met in the next fifteen minutes, we're blowing everyone here to their cold graves."
"And what might those demands be?
"Our demands are as follows: Someone escorts me, the king, and no-eyes over here out of this castle un-harmed. You gives a helicopter outside the castle grounds and then let us safely leave and no one better be chasing us down or tracking us. If I catch wind of that I blow these two's heads off."
"You keep saying 'our' demands. Who else is with you on this?"
"The other two badgers in here are with me, they also have detonators on them. Try to pull anything funny or kill one of us and the others will blow this damn place to bits. So what's it gonna be pal?"
>>
No. 711969 ID: 02422f

>what do you say we retire to my chambers
That's definitely a creepy line after an authority figure sits in your lap.

>Bomb threat
Okay, what the hell. They infiltrate what has to be the best security in the country, somehow clear the background checks and vetting to be allowed close to the king, smuggle explosives into the palace (which you would think would have security to stop that, if not out and out enchantments that stop explosives from working. This place should be warded to hell, shouldn't it?). And then they blow on all that meticulous planning and groundwork on a ham fisted kidnapping instead of something more subtle or likely to work.

I don't get it. How the hell can they be so competent as to keep getting to you in these situations, but so incompetent when we face them?

>what do
One obvious move would be to call their bluff. The repeated kidnap attempts and the records you found before make it pretty clear they want you alive. And, really, if I was a king in a land with magic enchantments, my warding scheme would, among other things, make explosives inert. Oscar is properly paranoid enough about actual security measures that I'm hoping that's the case.

Just say "no".

The other alternative is to just deal with them before they can react. Robo arm the one in front of you, while Oscar wizard blasts the ones distant and/or throws up a shield over the three of you. And/or while the royal guards in the room shoot the two of them to pieces before they can pull their triggers.

(Although, I'm assuming the explosives either won't work and/or that the triggers are actual triggers and not-deadman switches. The later would be the better choice for them, but I really don't expect competence from the badger terrorists at this point).
>>
No. 711971 ID: 02422f

Also he told you how many of them there were, and what they looked like. He really should not have done that. Now the guards are watching the three badgers, not wondering if anyone in the crowd could be an accomplice.

...well, technically, it could be a bluff or a lie, but again, very low expectations with these guys.
>>
No. 712088 ID: 0461fb

Kill them.
>>
No. 712115 ID: 15a025
File 145927733721.gif - (34.46KB , 800x600 , chilly.gif )
712115

>Okay, what the hell. They infiltrate what has to be the best security in the country, somehow clear the background checks and vetting to be allowed close to the king, smuggle explosives into the palace (which you would think would have security to stop that, if not out and out enchantments that stop explosives from working. This place should be warded to hell, shouldn't it?). And then they blow on all that meticulous planning and groundwork on a ham fisted kidnapping instead of something more subtle or likely to work.

>I don't get it. How the hell can they be so competent as to keep getting to you in these situations, but so incompetent when we face them?
"Oscar, I'd like to ask how they could have even gotten explosives in to the castle in the first place. Shouldn't this place be like...extremely well guarded from this stuff?"
"It is, I'm surprised these four even managed to pass a background check!"
"Is there such a thing as an enchantment that stops explosives working at all?"
"It could be a thing if we went a paid a sage to make an enchantment like that. Problem is, it'd cost more than this nation has to make enough to cover this whole place with them."

>One obvious move would be to call their bluff. The repeated kidnap attempts and the records you found before make it pretty clear they want you alive. Just say "no".
"Well to answer your question, no. I'm not going to come with you. I know your crazy cult needs me back alive to do their vile experiments on."
"You're right about needing to be alive which is why we've got enchantments to help ensure that you live. Hey Snaggles , throw on the blast shields!
"You've got it!"
"Blast shields? You simpletons, those are just meager fire shields. Hardly enough to protect you from being blown to an early grave. They're also easily washed away with any offensive water enchantment."
"Ha, you can't fool us with your mind games! We're invisible with these shields up!"

>Robo arm the one in front of you, while Oscar wizard blasts the ones distant.
"Oscar, I really think we can just call their bluff and pummel them. They can't blow this place up without killing me, who they need alive for their twisted experiments. I'm feeling confident I can knock the guy in front out stone cold. Think you can cast something to get rid of his shield so I can deck him?"
"If you're sure you can handle it then go for it. Leave the rest to the guards and me. " [/blue]

Oscar starts muttering some magic gibberish and a cute little bell chimes afterwards.
"What the hell? Our shields are gone now! Quick, throw them back on!"
"I can't, it has a ten minute cool down!"
While they're distracted I mash the badger in front of me with the serious business arm. The blow makes a stratifying audible crunch.
"That bitch just knocked down Oaken with one punch like it was nothing! W...what are we going to do now?"
[color=blue]"How about you two take a second to cool off!"

The room temperature drops like a rock. Must be the work of some "cool" enchantment Oscar used.
"Now that they're frozen in solid ice, we can make haste and retreat. We'll let the guards handle the clean up and detain them for now.
>>
No. 712116 ID: 15a025
File 145927739839.gif - (8.12KB , 800x600 , oh link please save me.gif )
712116

Oscar grabs my hand and runs off with me and the king. All this running around here is kind of making miss Candy carrying me around everywhere now. After running through some halls and what felt like the longest staircase I ever ran up, we arrive to the King's chambers.
"Alright Oscar, I need you to stand outside and guard the entrance while I speak with our guest for a moment about some serious matters. No one is allowed in for anything no matter how pressing problem may be."
"I'll guard it with my life your highness!"
The doors boom as they're tightly shut and sounds a few locks being clicked into place echo in the empty sounding room.

"So...what's this serious business you need to talk about?"
"It's about these accursed terrorists and that weapon prototype you have their. Those sinister morons have my precious daughter being held captive! They won't release her unless they get that stupid robot arm in their hands. To make things even worse, they've grown more and more hostile and are treating to kill her if they don't get it soon. 'So why don't you just give it to them?' you might say. If they get their hands on that weapon there's no limit to the destruction they can cause with it! They'll murder us all and take over the whole kingdom! Which is exactly why you're going to let them have it!"
"Wait what? Why? Why would you send the enemy a free weapon they can use to pummel everyone with?"
"You misunderstand. This is kind of a tough question to ask but I beg you from the bottom of my heart to accept this. I want to send you, Oscar, and a few other of our kingdom's finest men out to rescue my little princess and put an end to this sorry excuse of terrorist group. Should you accept and be successful, not only will I recognize you as an honorary member of the royal family, but I will also bestow upon you a good chunk of my personal fortune, a place for you to live in my castle, and anything else you wish for with in reason."
>>
No. 712166 ID: 02422f

>We're invisible with these shields up!
...I'm assuming they meant invincible? Fire shields wouldn't make you invisible. Never-mind the fact that fire shields wouldn't make them invincible either.

Honestly, you have the worst nemeses. We have to find you some better ones.

>please dispatch the terrorists for me
Maybe this is a dumb question, but how have they managed to be as big a problem as they have been? They're downright incompetent every time I run into them! Like, if I was an evil terrorist, and I'd managed to sneak three agents into the royal palace, I can think of probably half a dozen plans better than "everyone stand around with the wizard and the royal guard, announcing that they're a threat".

Is someone helping them get into place? It's the only thing that sort of makes sense.

Seriously, though, accept. You need to put a stop to this. They've made it clear they're keep following you until you do, and you're better off with assistance.
>>
No. 712228 ID: 15a025
File 145930012463.png - (8.56KB , 800x600 , choose your path.png )
712228

>Honestly, you have the worst nemeses. We have to find you some better ones.
I'll agree I'm up against some weak foes here but, I'd rather not go around searching for enemies.

>Maybe this is a dumb question, but how have they managed to be as big a problem as they have been? They're downright incompetent!
"This might be a dumb question but how have these terrorist groups been such a big problem? Every time I've run into them or those crazy cultists, they've been kind of scary but incompetent as well."
"They're such a problem because they've got my pride and joy at the mercy of their sinister mitts! No, taking the king's daughter just wasn't enough for them either. Let's bomb a few towns over there and unleash a chimera or two over here while we're at it! Still not enough? Let's get the people to start a rebellion against their beloved king a hand out military grade enchantments to help out with that!"
"Well when you put it like that they do sound like a decent threat."

>Is someone helping them get into place? It's the only thing that sort of makes sense.
"So I wouldn't be terribly wrong to say someone here is helping them get into the castle then?"
"I've had a few suspensions but nothing concrete to prove them."
"One last question, why send someone who's blind and has barely any major combat experience to fight a group of terrorists?"
"Barely any major combat experience? Not from the stories I've heard about you. I've heard that in today alone you and your friend Miss Kane took down and befriend a chimera and one of the major leaders of the cultists! I'd say that sounds like an impressive feat."
"But Candy and Officer Nibbles did most of the work there, I didn't really do much to help."
"Still, you're a key player in the team I'm sending out. After all, we can't trick them into thinking we're sending them the arm without sending the person who has it in the first place."

>Seriously, though, accept. You need to put a stop to this. They've made it clear they're going to keep following you until you do, and you're better off with assistance.
That's a pretty good point!
"I've made up my mind. I choose to accept!"
"Wonderful, wonderful! Now, go, go and rest up. For tomorrow starts your training!"
"My training? For what?"
"That's for you to decide! You didn't think I was really going to just send you to some foreign land to fight terrorists without some kind of proper combat training. What tickles your fancy more? Learning how to use more advanced and powerful enchantments to fight off your foes or training with the royal guard for a few days and become a master at hand to hand combat and a master guns-men?"
>>
No. 712279 ID: 7b65b9

i'd say considering you already have an amazing arm, and that you can use that way more than you can enchantments with charge time, learning hand to hand combat would be really effective. I'm not sure how great guns would be with you being somewhat blind, but I can't see enchantments being that great for the same reason, so I'd say go with unarmed and gun training.
>>
No. 712307 ID: 02422f

>"They're such a problem because they've got my pride and joy at the mercy of their sinister mitts! No, taking the king's daughter just wasn't enough for them either. Let's bomb a few towns over there and unleash a chimera or two over here while we're at it! Still not enough? Let's get the people to start a rebellion against their beloved king a hand out military grade enchantments to help out with that!"
I'm really still wondering how they got the bombs, magic, etc to do any of that in the first place. It's like someone started handing out real world weapons and terrorist resources to children.

>"But Candy and Officer Nibbles did most of the work there, I didn't really do much to help."
Which reminds us. We're gonna have to check on Candy as we can, and we'll have to figure out what happened to Nibbles in all the chaos I'm sure the castle is in right now after the failed attack. She could be anywhere. Also maybe we should probably check what happened to Dr Gene.

>what kind of training?
Your secret forest training was mostly hand to hand, wasn't it? I'd favor refining that, and getting in practice with a ranged weapon, too. Ideally, the blindar should make that possible, but every time you've tried has been in a crunch situation, and we've had mixed results. Plus, it capitalizes on your existing advantage of the cybernetic arm.

Magic is cool, but I think it would take more than a few days crash course to learn to be good at it. At best they could teach you some quick and dirty enchantments, like that required aids (enchanted objects) to cast? (Although maybe being able to "see" magic on the blindar would lower the learning curve).

If it comes down to allies, though, you already know a mage and tiny enchanter who might be coming along.
>>
No. 712695 ID: 15a025
File 145944949697.gif - (72.50KB , 800x600 , du nah!.gif )
712695

>Your secret forest training was mostly hand to hand, wasn't it?
In a nut shell yeah. I also learned some basic survival skills out there as well.

>I'd say considering you already have an amazing arm, and that you can use that way more than you can enchantments with charge time, learning hand to hand combat would be really effective.
>Magic is cool, but I think it would take more than a few days crash course to learn to be good at it. At best they could teach you some quick and dirty enchantments, like that required aids (enchanted objects) to cast? (Although maybe being able to "see" magic on the blindar would lower the learning curve).
Yeah, magic and enchantments go way over my head as it is. I feel like learning even the bare basics would honestly take more than a few days. Sounds like I better stick to my guns here and start refining my hand to hand combat skills. If it really comes down to magical warfare, hopefully Oscar or Nibbles is around to back me up.
"I'll take up some good old hand to hand combat."
"Excellent. You should probably retire for the night then and get some rest. Six in the morning comes quick when you've got things to do. Good night and good luck tomorrow!"
"Are you going to unlock the door so I can go do that or...?"
"Oh yes, sorry! Let me get the door for you."
The locks click again and the door creeks slowly as the king opens it.
"That was rather short."
"Please see Lady Brasshoof to her room. You've both got a long day tomorrow."
"It shall be done!"
Oscar holds my hand and we start walking down the long set of stairs.

>We're gonna have to check on Candy as we can, and we'll have to figure out what happened to Nibbles in all the chaos I'm sure the castle is in right now after the failed attack. She could be anywhere. Also maybe we should probably check what happened to Dr Gene.
"Say Oscar, before I get ready for bed and that I'd like to go check up on my friend Candy."
"I'm sure she'd love to see you as well! Conveniently the medical wing is close by to where the guest rooms are."
"Also have you seen my other friend that was invited here as well, Dr. Gene?"
"Small little rabbit doctor? If that's her I believe she's in the medical wing as well, helping out with some of the more minor patients."
As we walk down the stairs we have some nice small talk and get to know each other a little more. Apparently Oscar is actually a professor here and takes on apprentices.

"Here, let me get the door for you."
"You're such a gentlemen Oscar."
"Just doing my job. Excuse us, where could we find Miss Kane?"
"Down the hall, eighth door on the right."
Oscar walks me down the hall and we enter Candy's room.
"Hey it's the hero of the day! How was dinner? I heard the food was 'exploding' with flavor, that the whole event was 'the bomb.' Tell me you saved me some leftovers Rainy."
"Sorry Candy, I barely got to eat much myself. How'd you hear about the bomb threat?"
"Nibbles heard about and told me."
"Is she still here?"
"I'm still here. Thanks for ditching me at the entrance you two."
"Sorry about that Nibbles. So Candy, how's the arm doing?"
"Hurts like hell still but they got me patched up a bit. Said I should be fine and ready to go in a few days."
"Sorry to rush you La-, Rainy, but it is getting late and we should all be getting for tomorrrow."
"Darn. Well, goodnight Candy. Hope you're doing better tomorrow."
"Ha, so do I... Goodnight!"

We leave the medical wing and Oscar leads me over to one of the guest rooms. When we get inside I hear him open a drawer and he gives me some kind of really soft silky nightgown feeling thing.
"You going to leave the room so I can change or...?"
"It'd be my luck I'd walk out of the room only to hear someone rotten mongrel busts in through a window and kill you. I promise I won't look while you're change though, I swear it on my mage's honor."
Good enough for me, not like there's much to see anyway... I quickly change into the nightgown thing and tell Oscar I'm done changing. He kindly guides me over to the bed and evens tucks me in. I start to doze off when I hear something being dragged on the floor
"Oscar, what are you doing? It sounds like you're dragging a body across the floor."
"Sorry about the noise. I'm just dragging out the sleeping mat from under the bed so I have something to sleep on. As nice as sleeping on the floor can be, having a mat and some sheets help."
"Oh okay, good night Oscar."
"Good night!"


To be continued....

Animated...?
>>
No. 712719 ID: 02422f

>As nice as sleeping on the floor can be
Pff. C'mon, the palace doesn't have any rooms with two beds? Or a couch?
>>
No. 712860 ID: 15a025
File 145948480449.png - (8.97KB , 800x600 , cq1.png )
712860

When I wake up things feel...weird. I've a got mild headache and this creepy feeling. It feels like something's just holding onto my shoulders but there's nothing there. Another odd thing is the air around my neck feels frigid. Blindar is kind of funky looking now too. I get off the bed and try to wake Oscar up.

"Good morning Rainy. Get a good night's rest?"
"Y-ow...yeah."
"Are you feeling alright? You look a little pale...and your necklace is purple now..."
>No it isn't.
I must not be the only one feeling sick, you spooky guide spirits don't sound to good either.

"Could you try taking that necklace off real quick? I'm getting a bad suspicion here."
>Don't take us off!
Aw, don't worry it'll only be for a second...? Weird, it feels like something's tugging at the necklace to keep me from taking it off...
>>
No. 712942 ID: 3d2d5f

>>712860
Rainy, purple is our bad danger color. Please remember that, cause I don't know if you'll hear me. Us being that color is an alarm.

That wasn't us talking.

Take us off, get us and yourself checked by enchanting professionals. Trust Oscar and Nibble's opinions.

If the necklace is broken, cursed, corrupted, or otherwise compromised, maybe you can reestablish contact through Candy's earring.
>>
No. 713304 ID: 15a025
File 145961974208.gif - (10.40KB , 800x600 , cq.gif )
713304

>Rainy, purple is our bad danger color. Please remember that, cause I don't know if you'll hear me. Us being that color is an alarm.
>That wasn't us talking.
Okay I'm a little spooked now. Yeah I remember now, purple's been pretty dangerous for us in the past.

>Nah it's fiiiine. Just follow our advice like always. We'll keep you safe.
That's about all I can do.

>Take us off, get us and yourself checked by enchanting professionals. Trust Oscar and Nibble's opinions.
I can't take it off, it's like it's glued onto my neck now or something?
"Just as I feared then, it's been cursed. We need to hurry and get you done to my lab. We've got someone down there who knows how to purify curses."

>Don't go with him! It's a trap!
I don't see how that could be a trap...

>Exactly, you don't see at all!
Hey that was completely uncalled for!

"This isn't good... the doors sealed shut by some kind of enchantment, we're trapped inside!"
"There isn't some kind of secret passage or?"
"Unfortunately not. I'm getting the feeling there's someone else in here with us keeping that door sealed. It's too dark in here to see though..."
>>
No. 713308 ID: 02422f

Rainy, please vet what you hear. The curse is talking too. Any advice that doesn't make sense or is just plain mean almost certainly isn't coming from us.

>It's too dark in here to see though
Turning on the lights isn't an option? Or c'mon, are you telling me you're a wizard without a basic light spell? His eyes aren't going to be messed up, if he can see.

>I don't see how that could be a trap...
If you can't trust Oscar, you've already lost. Let's disregard that line of thought.

And someone cursing you to get you to get you to run to a curse removal location, where they have a trap ready, doesn't make sense. If they could get to you, and get past Oscar, and place a powerful curse on you without setting off any alarms or being caught, they don't need to lure you into a trap.

Getting uncursed is the only reasonable course of action. If that makes you predictable to your enemies, so be it. They forced your hand. All you can try to do is be smart about it.

>blindsight
Pink heart (person?) right next to the lamp, tiny purple heart blinking on the lamp. Could be the problem, or a trap if you try to turn the light on? Or it could be lies. We can't be sure the curse isn't feeding you false information.

Check other sense. Listen! Do you smell anything? (You've gotten used to identifying people around you by scent). What about magic- is Oscar picking up anything else?
>>
No. 713446 ID: 15a025
File 145965926265.png - (4.52KB , 800x600 , cq4.png )
713446

>Rainy, please vet what you hear. The curse is talking too. Any advice that doesn't make sense or is just plain mean almost certainly isn't coming from us.
>Don't listen to them, they're just back peddling and making excuses for their rude remarks.
I can hear a clear difference between your voices now that I think about it a bit. Starting to think you're lying to me, mister sickly sounding spirit.

>Turning on the lights isn't an option?
"Did you try turning the lights on?"
"Yeah, someone took out all the light bulbs."
"What about using an enchantment to light up the area?"
"I'm a water mage, I can't use any light enchantments."

>He's lying again. The lamp is turned on, it's even marked like that on the blindar.
>We can't be sure the curse isn't feeding you false information.
That's also a good point, think it's possible you good guide spirits can fight off the imposter spirit or cursed one? It might help clear things up if you can.

>If you can't trust Oscar, you've already lost.
I trust Oscar, plus if he was going to do something to me he would've done it by now.

>Check other sense. Listen! Do you smell anything? (You've gotten used to identifying people around you by scent). What about magic- is Oscar picking up anything else?
Since the blindar seems like it might have been compromised I'll have to rely on my hearing and scent for the most part. I sniff around the lamp, nothing out of the ordinary. Smells like, well nothing really.
"Any reason why you're sniffing that lamp so much?"
"I'm trying to sniff out whoever's trying to keep us in here."
"Ah good thinking!"
Next thing I smell around is the bookshelf, and bingo!
"Oscar! someone's hiding behind this bookshelf! They smell like a duck."
"A duck? Rainy move!"
Too late, the bookshelf crashes down onto me. I'm practically drowning in books and pain now.
"Rainy are you okay?!"
>>
No. 713471 ID: 02422f

>"I'm a water mage, I can't use any light enchantments."
Huh, I didn't realize the type restrictions were that strict. I expected him to be able to use low-level cross-school stuff, and only his high level stuff to all be water.

>think it's possible you good guide spirits can fight off the imposter spirit or cursed one?
We'll try? No promises it'll work.

[Attack the curse]

>"A duck? Rainy move!"
No "!". Yeah, blindar compromised.

>Are you okay?!
Get the duck, first!

While he's dealing with the threat, try using your arm to push the bookshelf off.
>>
No. 713908 ID: 15a025
File 145981047352.png - (7.56KB , 800x600 , chambers.png )
713908

>While he's dealing with the threat, try using your arm to push the bookshelf off.
I start pushing trying to push the bookshelf back up. Even with the serious business arm pushing this thing up is taking a lot of effort. Doesn't help there's a nice mountain of books piled on me either...
"I'm alright, just deal with the duck!"

>No "!". Yeah, blindar compromised.
No exclamation marks is going to make dodging dangers a pain then.
"Drats! He teleported out of here like a coward!
Oscar helps me push the bookshelf and books off me.
"Thanks."
"There's a red light flashing on your fancy little robot arm, is that normal?"
"Probably not. Might mean it's charge might be running low or something's busted on it."
"Well let's get out of here and hope it's the former and not the latter. Doors no longer sealed shut."
Oscar picks me up and we leave the guest room. Outside is an angry sounding guard waiting for us.
"Oscar what's the meaning of this! Why did you seal the door shut with an enchantment!"
"It wasn't me who sealed the door shut, now hurry! Sound the alarms!"
"Sound the alarms? For what?"
"Someone's laid a curse on Lady Brasshoof!"
"A curse! Hurry and get down to the enchantment wing then and get that fixed before she turns into a chimera or something, I'll make sure that heathen is taken care of."

>Come on, don't you want to be powerful hell spawn with unlimited magical powers?
Never in a billion years.
Oscar rushes me into that one lab we went to yesterday.

"Everybody drop what you're doing and lock the whole wing down! Someone skilled in the dark arts has infiltrated into the castle! I need someone out here to help with a purification and someone to check the storage lockers for cursed items"
"Sister Rhapsody here! What can I do you for?
"Please lend us your powers and purify the foul curse that lies within Lady Brasshoof's necklace.
"Purification? yikes..."
"Is there a problem?
"Just...I hate asking but you know how mentally straining purifications can be. I'm going to need like five bags of the good stuff after this..."
Whatever it takes, just rid her of this curse!"
"Alright, let's bring her into my chambers then. Oscar you still remember how to play my harp right?"
"Kind of...why do you ask?"
"The peaceful harp music helps fight off the evil spirits and keep a calm atmosphere in the room, and helps me keep a clear mind...."

And so Oscar guides me into a another room in the lab. It smells very sweet and peaceful in here. The room is filled with the sweet aroma of all sorts of flowers.
"Your room smells very nice Sister Rhapsody. I love the smell of all the flowers in here."
"Thank you very much! We're lucky to have a few windows where the sun shines. Flowers help lighten up the mood in here a bit as well. Now have a seat and relax a bit while Oscar helps me get things ready."
"What can I help you with?"
"Just start reacquainting yourself with the harp while I get the lighting in here fixed and brush over my notes real quick. It's been awhile since I've done this."
Oscar starts playing a catchy little tune on the harp while Sister Rhapsody flutters around the room getting things ready.
"Alright I'm all set! Now just a heads up here, this might sting you a bit depending on how strong this curse is. Also, don't get up from your seat till I say it's clear. You ready?"
>This is a horrible idea! You realize if she messes this up you could die right?"
"Yup!"
>>
No. 713909 ID: 15a025
File 145981053708.gif - (8.03KB , 800x600 , d arrow attack.gif )
713909

"Oh dear Mother Nature! Lend me your holy powers and help me purge the wicked spirits that haunt this unfortunate soul today! Help me seal these foul spirits from the netherworld away so that they can torture no one no longer!"
A loud boom echoes through the room and sends a chill down my spine.
"Divine Arrow! Peirce the corrupted spirits send them back from which they came!"

Something sharp shoots into my neck. Presumably the "Divine Arrow." It stings like I'm being zapped by a bolt of lightning. Soon another shot hits me, and then a third! Just when I feel like I'm about to pass out, it's over.
"All clear...

A loud thud comes from where Sister Rhapsody was.
"Did she just...?"
"Yup, she's pased-"
"Still awake! Just too tired to keep myself in the air that's all... Oscar, do me a favor and pull out one of the purification collars out of the closest for me, she's definitely going to need one."
"What's with the strong "definitely" there?"
"I had to use not one, not two, but three arrows to purge that curse off the necklace! Usually one arrow can kill off any regular curse, two just in case it's a bugger or something kind of serious, but three? We're talking like powerful eat your soul away, kill ya, and or turn you into a hell spawn chimera thing in the matter of hours kind of curses that love to leave something behind with them. So yeah, collar for a week."
"I thought all curses turned the victim into a chimera? Never mind. Uh...what color tickles your fancy Rainy? These things come in just about every color you can think of."
>>
No. 713934 ID: 02422f

Yowie! That tingles!

>intruder teleports out
Come on, shouldn't the palace have teleport wards or something? Gotta stop assassins from popping in and out.

>>Come on, don't you want to be powerful hell spawn with unlimited magical powers?
Actually, they had some pretty clear limitations, as I recall.

>color
Not purple! Anything buy purple.

Red maybe?
>>
No. 713994 ID: 3641d4

>Shot in the neck with three magic arrows
You...okay?
>Color
Red or green sounds like your color. Also what kind of animal is Sister Rhapsody?
>>
No. 714065 ID: 15a025
File 145989869442.png - (9.40KB , 800x600 , pick another path.png )
714065

>Not purple! Anything but purple. Red maybe?
"Do they come in red?"
"Yup!
"I'll take red then."
Something jingles and rings as Oscar hurries back over. He helps fasten the collar on.
"Why is there a jingly bell on it?"
"It's a special bell that drives of the evil spirits."

>what kind of animal is Sister Rhapsody?
She seems like some kind of smaller bird but other than that I'm not sure.

>You...okay?
Despite feeling like someone jabbed me in the neck with three sharp feeling arrow things a few moments ago, I actually feel just fine now.
"So....now what do we do Oscar?"
"Go check on the status of the enchantments we've got locked up in the wing here and pray none of them have been cursed. Sister Rhapsody I'll see that you get rewarded for your help."

We bump into someone as Oscar escorts me out of the room.
"There you two are! I've been looking for you all morning."
"Ah Captain Konkerii! It's been awhile. What can we do for you?"
"King Gort himself asked me to share my hand to hand combat knowledge with you. He also wants me to teach our deer pal here how to shoot better."
"I can see why he might want you to teach me a bit about unarmed combat, but why Lady Brasshoof?"
"I asked the same thing, said it was not my business."
"I'm a little paranoid here, what with this lock down and last night bomb threat. Got any papers to prove he asked you to train us?
"Ah! He knew you'd asked for some papers! Here you go, the official royal order paper from the King himself."
"Mhmm...Looks all right and proper. Yup, you're all good. So what's first on the schedule here?"
"Depends on what the little lady would like to do first. We can either go beat the splinters off some training dummies and work out or we can head down to the shooting range and I teach you how to pop a bullet out of a gun and into the head of an enemy."
>>
No. 714070 ID: 02422f

Have you examined your arm yet? Has it given you any trouble since Oscar noticed the indicator light? If it's acting up, that might effect what training is immediately available to you (do we need to find Dr. Gene and get her to take a look?).

Aside from that, I'd favor target practice. Learning to aim with blindar will be useful in more than just shooting.
>>
No. 714581 ID: 15a025
File 146007680009.gif - (48.49KB , 800x600 , you cant aim.gif )
714581

>Have you examined your arm yet? Has it given you any trouble since Oscar noticed the indicator light? If it's acting up, that might affect what training is immediately available to you (do we need to find Dr. Gene and get her to take a look?).
Thanks for reminding me! That actually kind of slipped my mind somehow...
"Before we get any practice in or anything I need to get my arm looked at, might be busted or just running low on battery power."
"That reminds me, Dr. Gene gave me some big charger. It's sitting in my office if you want to try it out?"
"Worth a shot."
Oscar guides me into his office and helps me hook up the charger to the arm. Upon plugging it in Oscar tells me the light turns orange. So we sit around in his office for a bit for a quick juice up. While we wait the Captain brings us a nice pancake breakfast. After the delicious breakfast I decide two hours of charging is enough to last the lesson at the shooting range.

"I'm just going to say for the record here I don't expect much from you Lady Brasshoof, but that doesn't mean I won't try to bring the best of you out. Since you can't see your targets, I felt sticking some cheap audio players behind your targets might help your aim. We also express safety more than anything here, so here's some ear plugs to keep your hearing safe and some glasses to keep your eyeballs from getting anything in them. Also, always turn the safety on when you're done shooting or handing someone a gun. Rule of thumb, if you need to ask if the safety should be on, then it should be on."
"Sounds like some good advice."
"Now here's a nice pump action shotgun, know how to use it?"
"Not really..."
"Welp, let's go over the basics then."
So Captain Konkerii helps show me how to shoot and reload the gun and teaches me how to turn the safety on and off.
"Alright, now that you know how to use it, let's see what you got!"
Captain hands me the gun and I turn the safety off. Soon the blindar draws out some scenery for me and some music starts playing somewhere. I take my best aim and fire!
"Not bad, you were actually pretty close. Try again."
I readjust my aim a bit and fire again.
"Oh you almost had the bugger! You're aiming just a tad bit too low and shaking a little too. Keep her steady and raise it a smidgen."
"The biggest hurdle I'm having is just holding the gun up. It's really weird when you've got one hoof and an actual hand to work with."
"Well, you've got all day to jump that hurdle and get used to it. Now, let's see you hit it this time!"
I fire again and surprise! It's a miss.
"Now you're shooting way to high up. Lower it a bit and try again."

And it pretty much goes like this for a few hours. Most of my shots miss with a few lucky ones hitting. Just when I feel like I'm getting my aim down I end up missing it more.
"Lady Brasshoof, I hate to be the downer here but I think it's time for you to throw in the towel and move on."
"Ah don't listen to fish breath over there. I still think you can do it. I'm willing to spend another hour down here with you if you'd like."
>>
No. 714692 ID: 3641d4

Tell Oscar he sucks for giving up on you like that. Keep shooting for it Rainy!
>>
No. 714723 ID: cd90cb

What kind of animal is the captain?
>>
No. 714838 ID: 02422f

>>714581
If the problem is you have a weapon inappropriate for your hands, they can't find you a better one? I thought this kind of training was usually done with a pistol of some kind, not a shotgun. Shotguns aren't exactly precision weapons.

Also, if you've gotten better at blind targeting, even if not with that weapon, that helps. Maybe see if you can hit the bullseye with your built in taser? (no need to tase, just fire the leads).
>>
No. 715664 ID: 15a025
File 146033655167.gif - (41.91KB , 800x600 , speedy target.gif )
715664

>What kind of animal is the captain?
I want to say they're mandrill.

>Tell Oscar he sucks for giving up on you like that. Keep shooting for it Rainy!
"Oscar that's kind of disappointing to hear and I beg to differ. I'd like to keep shooting at it."
"That's the spirit! Now let's see you hit that sucker right in the center!"

>I thought this kind of training was usually done with a pistol of some kind, not a shotgun. Shotguns aren't exactly precision weapons.
They aren't? I actually didn't know. Maybe a pistol would work better seeing as I can hold that with one hand.
"Excuse me Captain, do you think I could try shooting with a pistol instead of a shotgun? I feel like I might do better with something I can actually hold. Plus aren't pistols a little more accurate?"
"Sure thing!"

The captain takes the shotgun from me and gives me a small pistol. My aim is a little better now that I can actually hold the gun more comfortably. After about a half hour of practice my aim is pretty consistent now.
"Ha ha! Now for the real fun!"

Oscar and the Captain walk me over to a new booth.
"Let's see how well you can shoot a moving target now."
There's a loud whirl of moving machine parts coming from the booth, the blindar maps out what's in front of me....Oh come on! How am I suppose to shoot this!
>>
No. 715711 ID: f461c5

>>715664
The process of 'leading' a target is to aim ahead of it and fire so that it moves into the life of fire. As long as you are aiming at the right elevation all you need to do is get your timing right and let the target move into the path of your shot.

Unless the movement isnt real time.
>>
No. 715718 ID: 02422f

>Oh come on! How am I suppose to shoot this!
Timing. With practice, you should have a sense of how long it takes to fire and hit the target. You anticipate where the target is going to be, and fire before it gets there, so it meets the bullet.

In the real world, people probably aren't gonna stand still and wait for you to shoot them. (Although no guarantees with the crazy incompetent people you've been up against).
>>
No. 715848 ID: 15a025
File 146040591414.gif - (42.23KB , 800x600 , blasting it.gif )
715848

>In the real world, people probably aren't gonna stand still and wait for you to shoot them.
True. Still, they could have started me off with a slower and easier target.

>The process of 'leading' a target is to aim ahead of it and fire so that it moves into the life of fire. As long as you are aiming at the right elevation all you need to do is get your timing right and let the target move into the path of your shot.
So all I do is just shoot where I think my target will move to? Sounds easy enough.
After a couple of shots I realize this is easier said than done, as to be expected. Two reloads later, I start realizing there might be a small delay with the blindar. After another few more tires I get the timing down and manage to sink in two successful hits on the target. Captain Konkerii pats me on the back.
"Nice shot! Now let's see you land five hits in a row on this bugger!"
It takes a bit but I get really close with four hits in a row and then blow the fifth shot like a moron. I manage to get back up there and reach 5 shots in a row!

"Hey hey, not bad at all there. Two of those shots even hit the bullseye. I think you've got this down pact for now. What do you say we head back on to the ol professor's office up there and relax a bit with some lunch."
"Lunch sounds great. How about it Lady Brasshoof?"
"Sure!"

I give the captain his pistol back and we all have a nice lunch in Oscar's office. Captain himself made me a tasty salad while Oscar cooks up some fish. While we eat I have Oscar plug the charger back into my serious business arm just in case I'm close to running out of juice.

"So after we're all done eating shall we head back down and refine them shooting skills of yours or do ya feel like venting some anger out and learn how to fight with your bare hands?"
>>
No. 715866 ID: 02422f

>>715848
You're at least passable with a firearm now, and you got practice with the blindar (and figured out the render delay). Let's move on to hand to hand.

I'm assuming diminishing returns here- with an expert on hand you can get the basics to some kind of competency down in reasonable time, but past a certain point, refining skills requires practice and time. Since we have a time constraint, you're better off getting all the low(er) hanging fruit you can.
>>
No. 716284 ID: 15a025
File 146058124974.png - (9.52KB , 800x600 , cq8.png )
716284

>I'm assuming diminishing returns here- with an expert on hand you can get the basics to some kind of competency down in reasonable time, but past a certain point, refining skills requires practice and time. Since we have a time constraint, you're better off getting all the low(er) hanging fruit you can.
I feel like I might be able to jump ahead a bit in my hand to hand combat. Back when Dr. Gene and I went out on that three month long trip to work on my arm, George had me practice some self defense tricks. Though, those tricks were more or less how to dodge and block a punch or free myself from a grab.
"Some hand to hand combat training sounds like fun."
"Great! I promise I won't hammer ya too hard."
"Please don't talk with your mouth full Captain, it's rather rude and you've gotten crumbs all over my books now."
"Heheh, sorry about that."
After eating, Captain Konkerii spares no time in running me and Oscar down to train some more.

"Alrighty now! Let's start by showing me what you can do. Try and land a hit on me."
I get into stance and throw a couple of punches his way.
"Ah come on what do you call that? Those were some pretty slow blows there. You even left your-self wide open for a blow to the gut."
And so the entire training session is spent on working on my stance and form. Once training is over we head up and eat a pretty boring dinner. It's just boring old cooked carrots with a side dish of carrot slices. Thankfully no one tried to blow us all up in a blaze of terrorist glory. After dinner Oscar walks me down to the showers and I get cleaned up and ready for bed.

"Hopefully tonight we won't have any un-wanted guests sneaking in here. Goodnight Rainy!"
"Good night Oscar!"
I slip into the large bed and curl up under the thick fuzzy covers. It isn't long before someone wakes me up though.

"Rainy! Can you hear me?"
"yeessss. Who are you and why did you wake me up?"
"Rainy we need to get out of here! Fast! I know about your little mission. It's a trap! He's secretly working with the badgers, this whole terrorist thing is just to send you to their base!"
"Candy? How'd you get in here? The door was locked and being guarded! And why do you smell like cheap perfume?"
"Door was being guarded and it was locked! Buuttt...I kinda got the guards really high with my special smokes."
"W..where's Oscar? I don't see him on the blindar?"
"Blindar? Rainy, did you like get high off the second hand smoke or something? Never mind let's just go already!"
>>
No. 716302 ID: 02422f

>Blindar? Rainy, did you like get high off the second hand smoke or something?
...Candy is familiar with the term "blindar". We used it with her. And her speech isn't normally purple. ...and the room is all purple too, and that's probably some kind of magic circle over there.

This looks like another trick / attempt on you. I don't think that's Candy. The perfume is probably to prevent you from identifying the person by smell.
>>
No. 716340 ID: e1ceb6

If i remember right smokes candy canes, ask her what she's smoking if its the wrong answer prentend its right and then punch her in the face. Coz cearly shes a bad-guy.
>>
No. 716466 ID: 3641d4

>>716340
Good idea!
Oh hey, try to remember if she's ever worn perfume before. Does Candy even like perfume?
>>
No. 716498 ID: 15a025
File 146066264970.png - (12.83KB , 800x600 , cq9.png )
716498

>Candy is familiar with the term "blindar". We used it with her.
"Candy I think it's you who's gotten high. The 'blindar' is one of my necklace enchantments remember? It's what lets me get around."
"Yeah...no. If you had a magic bullshit radar you wouldn't need a one that fancy walking stick."

>And her speech isn't normally purple. ...and the room is all purple too, and that's probably some kind of magic circle over there.
I don't get what you mean by her speech being purple but yeah...the room is definitely purple.
"So...what's up with the weird magic circle thing by the door?"
"Ah for the love of, they drugged you or some shit didn't they? You're blind! How can you see anything!
"I can see some things with the blindar."
"Okay whatever, anyway to answer your question no, that's just a floor mat."

>I don't think that's Candy. The perfume is probably to prevent you from identifying the person by smell.
>Does Candy even like perfume?
I can't remember if Candy's ever worn perfume or not actually. Something's really weird about the smell to, like I feel like I'm not even actually smelling it, but just know it's lingering about. Hard to explain.

>If I remember right Candy smokes candy canes. Ask her what she's smoking. If It's the wrong answer pretend it's right and then punch her in the face, cause then she's clearly a bad-guy.
Could work.
"So what kind of smokes did you and the guards have?"
"Oh you...just some uh...weed."
"Wrong answer, imposter!"
I throw a pretty hefty punch at the Candy imposter and make for it out the door.
"Like hell you're getting anywhere! Tybalt activate the portal!"
Something knocks me off balance and I crash into the door. The same something is dragging me away from the door. Imposter Candy is chanting some spooky sounding ritual stuff while I'm pinned down onto the "carpet" by whatever dragged me away from the door. Somehow it's overpowering my serious business arm and I can't knock them off me.
"See you on the other side buddy!"

A loud explosion goes off and before I know it...I'm somewhere else now?
>>
No. 716511 ID: e1ceb6

Omg the bag guys accully got you, what a shocker I mean this because they accully succeded at somthing, which is slighly strang, any way, investigate the area, and maybe yell for someone.
What it seems to mean when we see people speak we see in colours, so when we identify some as a different colour from before it means there a different person, it also seems to bipass some magic. Hmmm, something to think about.
>>
No. 716517 ID: 02422f

Oh come on, how did they manage to sneak someone back in, and with a chimera too. How can they possibly be capable of infiltrating the security of the royal palace, when they don't even think to do basic research on the person they're pretending to be.

New rule: next impostor, punch first, ask questions later.

So... there's someone in a cage over there. Or more likely, you're in the cage, and there's someone on the other side. And your cage has pillars of fire, for some reason.

What do you have to work with? Just your arm and a nightie?
>>
No. 716746 ID: 15a025
File 146075213096.png - (13.02KB , 800x600 , cq10.png )
716746

>Oh come on, how did they manage to sneak someone back in, and with a chimera too. How can they possibly be capable of infiltrating the security of the royal palace, when they don't even think to do basic research on the person they're pretending to be.
I'm just going assume they had someone teleport in. Speaking of chimera, how did they manage to bring Tybalt back to life? And Candy's drugs? Not really surprised they didn't know about that one. Other than Candy, her clients, and me, I don't think anyone knows about those peppermint smokes.

>Omg the bag guys actually got you, what a shocker I mean this because they actually succeeded at something, which is slightly strange.
And a little alarming. Seems like they've managed to up their game a bit.
>What do you have to work with? Just your arm and a nightie?
Hmm...Yeah all I have is you guys, my arm, and night gown....and a wax candle? When did I get this?

>So... there's someone in a cage over there. Or more likely, you're in the cage, and there's someone on the other side. And your cage has pillars of fire, for some reason.
>investigate the area, and maybe yell for someone.
I walk over to the gate, avoiding the sinister looking carpet thing and inspect it. I don't think it's a cage door, but a fence with a lock on my side. I could probably bust through with my serious business arm. There's no walls by the gate, if I'm not careful I could fall off. Next I carefully check the pillars of fire and yup. They're pillars of fire, nothing special. Maybe whoever's on the other side of the gate knows what's up?

"Hello? Is anyone here?"
"Meeeeeeeooooooow"
Sounds like just an annoy-
"Meow!"
Sounds like just an annoying cat here.
>>
No. 716762 ID: 02422f

>Speaking of chimera, how did they manage to bring Tybalt back to life?
Did the guard beating on Tybalt even kill him the first time, or did it just dismiss him back to hell? (Or whatever plane chimeras are native to).

>There's no walls by the gate, if I'm not careful I could fall off.
So... there's nothing stopping you from stepping around it, over the gap? No need to knock the bars down, you can use them as a handhold or railing to make sure you don't fall.

>annoying cat
Careful, it might be a chimera or something.
>>
No. 716913 ID: 15a025
File 146078654679.png - (6.46KB , 800x600 , cq11.png )
716913

>Did the guard beating on Tybalt even kill him the first time, or did it just dismiss him back to hell? (Or whatever plane chimeras are native to).
That's actually a good question. I just kind of assumed he died because he faded out of the blindar when that happened. Maybe he just went back to the netherworld?

>So... there's nothing stopping you from stepping around it, over the gap?
Just my total fear of falling off to my death like a klutz.

>you can use the gate as a handhold or railing to make sure you don't fall.
But what if my serious business decides to show off its power and knock the gate down on me?

>Careful, it might be a chimera or-
"Meeeowww!"
Something very capable at annoying me. That has to be the most obnoxious cat I've heard yet. Screw this puny gate and scary gap that could go on forever. I take the serious business arm and...the gate just tipped over like nothing.
"Meeew!"
The annoying cat chimera thing rushes up to me and aw...it's rubbing it's head on my leg and purring! I reach down and pet the little thing for a bit before moving onto the next room.

"Ah heheheh look what the...heh...look what the...hah...look what the cat dragged in!! Oh that was too good. Now, how about telling me all about that fancy arm ya got there. I promise if you do I'll let ya keep it. If not...welll...let's just say it'll...heheh...It's gonna cost you an...Ahahah...It'll cost you and arm and a leg! "

No...nonono...I know this voice. This is one of the two guys who kidnapped and assaulted me for info on the weapon prototype. This sadistic monster is the hyena that splashed who knows what at my face for hours on end. I...I'm half tempted to just give him whatever he wants just to avoid getting tortured with whatever vile tricks he in stored for my resistance. Any motivational ideas?
>>
No. 716957 ID: e1ceb6

Your not the same girl from that time remember you kinda train for this, and I think it will be really statiffying to beat him up, but first we have to get over your fear.
Basically dont tell him about the arm because whats stopping him from keeping you here after you tell him. Also wouldnt it be nice to get some payback for your eyes.
I cant think of any motivation lines over than stupid anime quotes, like channel the spirt of your friends and some other radom nonsense, I kinda just like to think what would candy do in this situation...
>>
No. 716958 ID: f461c5

Keep petting the kitty. Keep petting, it, hard, untill it stops purring, and lies bleeding on the ground. Dont stop petting, harder and harder, until nothing but paste and flakes of bone and the floor beneath it are left.

Maybe some shotgun blasts too.
>>
No. 716975 ID: 0461fb

Man, you got a crazy powerful robot arm and he's got jack shit. You spent 3 months in the woods learning how to use that arm and he didn't. Fuck this p.o.s. up. Blast him with your hand gun, zap him with the taser, bust has ass!!!!
>>
No. 716989 ID: 02422f

>Any motivational ideas?
Tell him fine, you'll tell him all about your arm.

Then give him a first hand demonstration.
>>
No. 717026 ID: 15a025
File 146084139246.png - (5.66KB , 800x600 , cq12.png )
717026

>Tell him fine, you'll tell him all about your arm. Then give him a firsthand demonstration.
>Your not the same girl from that time remember you kind of trained for this, and I think it will be really stratifying to beat him up, but first we have to get over your fear. Also wouldn't it be nice to get some payback for your eyes.
>Blast him with your hand gun, zap him with the taser, bust has ass!!!!
"How about I give you a little firsthand demonstration instead!"
"HA! I take it you're looking for a little payback? HA! Like you can tak-"
I hurry up and switch the hand to gun mode and shoot a couple shots at him.
"Missed me! Now it's my turn"
I hear a small beep come from the necklace and three more red exclamation marks pop up on the radar. I dodge out the way but one of them still manages to get me in the leg. Something feels weird though...I don't actually feel anything from the blow, I don't even feel the thing sticking in my leg yet...I know it's in my leg somehow. I pull it out regardless, think it's a knife.

"Not bad. You're still pretty sluggish though!"
I run up to the hyena and throw a heavy punch at him dodges that too!
"Too slow!"
He clocks me in the head and sends me face first onto the floor.
"Heh...Have...have a nice trip! See ya next...fall! hah!
While he's cackling over his own corny joke, I swing my leg out and trip him. While he's enjoying his own little trip there I spring up and shoot three bullets at him before it looks like I'm out of those now? I switch the arm back to being just a regular hand and punch him but...he's not there now?
"Hah! If only you could see the look on your face right now. Oh it's priceless! Gotta love these wonderful little magic trinkets. Teleport powers and enchanted bullet shields are such fun little tricks to play with!"

Judging from what I know about other enchantments they have some kind of cool down period before they can get used again. If that goes for his teleporting trick then he can't just stand there and poof all over the place on me all day. I lunge at him to throw a punch but he grabs my mechanical arm. Big mistake on his part. I easily break it out of his hold and snap his arm like a twig.
"HA! hahaaha! Oh good thing this is just the cursed realm or I'd be in big trouble."
"What? What's the cursed realm!"
"HA! She doesn't know what the cursed realm is. Hahahaha! Let's just say it's a fun little place where people with a curse like you come to in your sleep sometimes. To make it a guaranteed trip though, the person who laid the curse can sneak into your dreams and bring ya in as well. Best part is we can duke it out all we want here and only feel just feel like our arm is busted, but have it not be broken. I suppose you want out? Well...that's a bit tricky you see. Oh wait..you can't see! HA! Anyway, to get out you need to solve a puzzle of increasing difficulty. Too bad for you though, you can't see anything. Heheheh. Only other way out is to have a special enchantment like me! Have fun being stuck here forever!!!!

The Hyena disappears and some weird yellow outlines come up on the blindar around the little specks of fire? Is this suppose to be the puzzle he was talking about?
>>
No. 717036 ID: 02422f

>it's some kind of dream realm only accessible because of the curse earlier
Okay... I guess that makes them being able to get to you again so soon a little more plausible.

Although really, they continue to be incompetent. Really shouldn't have told you what was going on.

>is this supposed to be the puzzle?
6 little yellow rings, 4 with fire. Are we supposed to light the last 2, somehow?

What's that cross in the background, with the exclamation points on it?
>>
No. 717096 ID: 15a025
File 146085622052.png - (5.74KB , 800x600 , cq13.png )
717096

>Okay... I guess that makes them being able to get to you again so soon a little more plausible. Although really, they continue to be incompetent. Really shouldn't have told you what was going on.
What's even more baffling is if they can get someone into the room with Oscar and me...why don't they just steal the arm themselves right then and there?

>6 little yellow rings, 4 with fire. Are we supposed to light the last 2, somehow?
Let me check what I have on me again. Maybe there's something I missed? See...night gown, magic necklace, serious business arm, wax candle, a backpack? When did I have a backpack with me? There's also a box of...somethings and a knife in the backpack? Where is all this junk coming from!
"Meow! Meow! Meeeow!"
I shake the box by the kitty chimera and it seems to want the box of whatevers?

>What's that cross in the background, with the exclamation points on it?
I put the box of thingys away into the backpack and check out the cross. Where there are exclamation points on the cross there are some knives jammed in and some loose rope. I'll pocket the rope for now and leave the knives in the cross. The flames in the circle seem to be growing as well.
>>
No. 717103 ID: 02422f

>What's even more baffling is if they can get someone into the room with Oscar and me...why don't they just steal the arm themselves right then and there?
Are we sure that wasn't part of the dream too? Maybe all they had to do was reach out and pull you deeper, as it were.

>>717096
Touch a finger to the ground in an empty circle. Is there some kind of fuel there to light? If so, you can light the candle from one of the other flames, and use the candle to light the other two spots. (Then put it out to save it).

If there's nothing in the circles to burn, you could use the knife to cut the candle in half, making two smaller candles (the annoying bit will be cutting away material to expose the wick on the lower half), and then lighting them both and placing them in the circles.

>I shake the box by the kitty chimera and it seems to want the box of whatevers?
Maybe they're treats? Give em a sniff.

...I wonder if the cat is Tybalt. Maybe getting killed demotes a Chimera, makes them less? That might be why he stuck around. He knows you.
>>
No. 717593 ID: 3641d4

Light Candle, then light chimera kitty with the candle.
>>
No. 717641 ID: 15a025
File 146101495463.gif - (14.08KB , 800x600 , portal back1.gif )
717641

>Maybe all they had to do was reach out and pull you deeper, as it were.
That could also be possible.

>Touch a finger to the ground in an empty circle. Is there some kind of fuel there to light? If so, you can light the candle from one of the other flames, and use the candle to light the other two spots. (Then put it out to save it).
I touch one of the empty circles. There seems to be something there? I pull out the candle and use it to spread the flames to the empty circles. A little ding comes from somewhere and a white circle appears on the blindar.

>Maybe they're treats? Give em a sniff.
Smells like food alright. I throw the chimera kitty one.
"Mew!
Sounds like they are some kind of treats then.

>I wonder if the cat is Tybalt. Maybe getting killed demotes a Chimera, makes them less? That might be why he stuck around. He knows you.
That could be a possible.
There isn't anything else in the room so I decide to step in the white circle. When I step inside I feel oddly clean and refreshed. As I bask in the warmth of the circle something grabs onto me and starts slowly carrying me away. It's not long till I find myself back laying in bed. I get up and find Oscar's still snoring away.
"Oscar wake up! Rise and shine!"
"Wha..? Morning already?"
"Someone snuck in here again and messed with my dreams. They sent me into some cursed realm or something?"
"Oh this isn't good at all...be thankful you made it out of there safely. Many who go find themselves there either never come back, or come back as chimeras. But your collar should have preve...your collar is off. Let me put it back on real quick.
I crouch down and Oscar puts the little collar back on for me.
"Like I was saying, this isn't good. I could see someone breaking in here once and pulling this off, but not twice in a row like this. Looks like I'll have to ask about pumping up the security around here even more."

The door opens and Captain Konkerii comes in.
"Morning Lady Brasshoof and Scallop! I've come with some breakfast for you all."
"Ah you shouldn't have. What's it today?
"Carrot Salads."
"You shouldn't have.
"I know. I'd kill for a little more varity around here. Gets boring eating carrots all day every day."
"Didn't Oscar cook some fish yesterday though?"
"Secret stash."
Oh well...salad is okay, more of a lunch kind of food though. After breakfast the Captain brings me down and helps me work on my aim some more. After that is lunch, and after lunch he teaches me about keeping my guard up in fight... the hard and painful way.
Dinner is the same carrot and cabbage themed foods as usual. After dinner though the King had Oscar and I head up into his chambers...
>>
No. 717642 ID: 15a025
File 146101505072.png - (6.47KB , 800x600 , tbc.png )
717642

"There's been a slight change in plans...I recommend both of you start packing your bags tonight. We're sending you out tomorrow morning at six a.m.."
"Sending us out where? What's going on?"
"Forgive me Oscar, I haven't had the chance to brief you on what's happening. You, Lady Brasshoof, and the other three mages, as well as a few of our finest members of the royal guard are going out to put an end to this terrorist scum and rescue my daughter."
"Are you insane! What do you expect us to do? Just walk right in, blow up a couple things like it's nothing and rescue the princess? Not to mention sending the person they're desperately trying to kidnap for her insane robot arm?"
"Honestly given their competency you probably could do just that. Anyway, Lady Brasshoof is playing the role of our bait Oscar. I think you're at least smart enough to figure out the rest of things. If not the other mages know the game plan. Now get going and start packing your things and try to get a good nights rest. I'll see that your room is heavily guarded."

Oscar rushes me down into his lab and he takes my necklace from me.
"Oscar what are you doing! I need that necklace to get around!"
"Don't worry! I'm just giving it adding new enchantment to it. How does being able to make giant rocks spikes grow out of the ground sound?"
"Like a blast...just don't 'spike' my necklace with anything I kind of really need it."
After like an hour or so of waiting around Oscar gives me my necklace back.
"Since we're going on what is pretty much a war mission you can legally have this enchantment. Using it is pretty simple but takes a little practice. Hold your hand over the necklace and focus on a mental image of giant spike jetting up from the ground. Once you've got a clear image in your head, fling your arm out and the target and then raise your hand."
Oscar takes me into a training room and he has me practice it a bit but the results are pretty lackluster. The biggest I could make the spikes were like the size of thumbtacks and that took a lot of energy to do just that.

"Don't feel bad, for someone who's never really used an offensive enchantment before you did alright. It doesn't really help that I don't know how to really use earth magic very well either. Let's retire for the night though, it's getting late and we still need to pack your bags."
"Not much to really pack. Just need my charger for the arm and that's about it."
"I'll go grab that real quick, and then we'll head in for the night."

It doesn't take long at all and before I know it I'm crawled into bed with my PJs on.
"Oh hey before I go to bed, who are these other three mages the King mentioned?"
"They're the other mage professors here."
"There's other mage professors here?"
"Yes, one for each element. We all don't really get along very well though...except for Buddy. Everybody loves Buddy, and Buddy loves everybody."
"Why's that?"
"He's just so nice and loyal to everyone."
"No I mean, why don't you and the other three mages get along?"
"The other two are...eh...you'll meet them tomorrow. Speaking of which you should get to sleep soon, it's already ten p.m."
"Goodnight Oscar!"
"Night Rainy."

End Chapter Four
>>
No. 717690 ID: a075ba

>your collar is off.
Geeze, how did they get that off without waking you.

>Gets boring eating carrots all day every day.
That's how the bad guys keep getting in! The palace personnel are malnourished and suffering from deficiencies due to their restricted and imbalanced diet that's not appropriate for most of them.
>>
No. 717824 ID: 3641d4

>King sending us out early
I'm getting a bad feeling that they know whats up here.
>>
No. 717862 ID: cd90cb

So...how are you're getting to this unknown location of the base?
>>
No. 717880 ID: 15a025

Kind of sort of small news update thingy concerning the quest over here in the dis. thread here: www.tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/96175.html#99281
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password