[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 700184)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39564 unique user posts. View catalog

File 145496635850.png - (313.21KB , 800x600 , Rocktitle2.png )
700184 No. 700184 ID: 0a1420

Den hor en "Rock": Nos jourceay ta xelleic-ba ka cher ta'boda, kos-vos on wrat uruth, fais on van diagnostic, et fais joureren sys satanists.

Adjor Hor: Yan joureren sys satanists!


Author's Note: Es hor es two months. Kos desol. Kos gols wrat gaian ta fais; on kos utoth nor sys Gaian'fais'utoth sys malos. Pos es nor malos et nor mallas vuas yan, yan hor. Nosani et kos'fais kos hor et cherch.

Teus, kos es wrat yan fais, comcet kos es bot. Es et es kos faul, et kos yan yan desol.

Expand all images
>>
No. 700186 ID: 0a1420
File 145496643599.png - (152.55KB , 1600x1200 , 141.png )
700186

>>We should probably have Nouille go in first and ask the blue guy what is going on and how he got into that whole predicament, since we should really try and get the most information before leaping in there and assuming that its deserted. Knowing is half the battle after all.
:rjackthinking: She really doesn't want to go in again, and I really don't want to try and force anything that has fucking shark teeth longer then my fingers. We'll just have to wing it.

>...Wait. Dammit, I can't believe we overlooked this. There's a freakin' clock in this room, over on the nightstand, and it still works, somehow; We saw it tick over earlier. So with a bit of explanation on your part Nouille can time by that instead of counting down. It'll have to be in minute increments, though, unless there's a seconds indicator we couldn't see.
>Also, your phone is a smartphone, right? That means it almost certainly has a stopwatch/timer/alarm app which you can use to time your jaunts much more reliably and accurately than counting. Oh, and make sure to set it into airplane mode so it doesn't drain its battery by continually trying to find a cell tower.
:rjackthinking:...Goddamn, you know that completely slipped my mind. This kind of shit is why I underdose on my pills and keep you guys around. Done and done.

:Rjack: Hey, Nouille?

:rnouille: Oui?

:rjack: I've got an idea. This clock over here will-

:rnouilledoubt: Tell the time, je savoir, vous had votre mind on it.

:rjack: Right, well. I'm going to sync my own clock up to it, and we'll be able to time things easier. We'll give it, like, five minutes this time? So I can actually get some shit done.

:rjackthinking: Five minutes'll be plenty of time, right? Gives us some leeway.
>>
No. 700187 ID: 0a1420
File 145496645555.png - (139.36KB , 1600x1200 , 142.png )
700187

> 2.maybe have the bandages out, as bringing both part of either Candi or Blue might still kill them, (or use it to tie them together if it doesn't)
:rjackthinking: This thing's pretty barren, I'm never on top of keeping this shit restocked, but I should have enough to wrap up a broken arm or patch up some cuts and scrapes or something. Hopefully whatever's keeping them alive doesn't stop working as soon as I pry them off their chairs and they start gushing blood everywhere, 'cause I'm fucked if that happens. But maybe we can do something to help them anyway.
>>
No. 700188 ID: 0a1420
File 145496649925.png - (125.95KB , 1600x1200 , 143.png )
700188

:rnouille: Pix... mon... jit... tell... tet...

:rgirlalien3: Tinq.... khat... trey... teus... on!
>>
No. 700189 ID: 0a1420
File 145496651474.png - (219.79KB , 1600x1200 , 144.png )
700189

:rcanditube: Whrr wrrhh uo?

:runoun: Quey es kos gogon?
>>
No. 700191 ID: 0a1420
File 145496655420.png - (224.20KB , 1600x1200 , 145.png )
700191

>Save the guy you can get out immediately, then go exploring. He might know something useful.
:rjack: I'm going to try and free you, and then if we can get you back in one piece, you can do me a favor. Alright? Now, if I can just- oh.
>>
No. 700193 ID: 0a1420
File 145496656821.png - (218.03KB , 1600x1200 , 146.png )
700193

:rjackthinking: Well that's easy. Just gotta push all four buttons. The alien can't do it, 'cause he's only got two of those tentacle things, and humans can't reach their hands back. Gotta have your hand clear to unlock it. Seems clever.
>>
No. 700196 ID: 0a1420
File 145496667855.png - (226.63KB , 1600x1200 , 147.png )
700196

:runounscreaming: TONA! KOS TONA!
>>
No. 700197 ID: 0a1420
File 145496671787.png - (226.37KB , 1600x1200 , 148.png )
700197

:rjackscared: Oh shit.

:runounscreaming: Salat! SALAT!

:rcandisurprised: NNNNNN!! HNNNNNNNN!!
>>
No. 700198 ID: 0a1420
File 145496672941.png - (222.92KB , 1600x1200 , 149.png )
700198

:runounscreaming: KOS TONA ES YAN SALAT MALLAS!

:rjackscared: Fuck, I'll fix that, please hang on--
>>
No. 700199 ID: 0a1420
File 145496674216.png - (233.43KB , 1600x1200 , 150.png )
700199

:runounburning: YEEEAAAUAUUUGHH AAAAAAHHHHHH

:rcandishuteyes: Ghh plh nnnnghg fffhgnn phhhnn hhn dhh wahgh dhhe!
>>
No. 700213 ID: 3663d3

i don't think you were supposed to push all 4. one was release, one was spike, one was fire.
>>
No. 700233 ID: 3b7ad4

Put him out, Put him out!
>>
No. 700246 ID: 90f3c0

If the fire does not go out on it's own, try pushing the same button again to turn it off. Poke it with a stick to avoid the flames. Also, be more cautious about pushing mystery buttons on torture devices in the future.
>>
No. 700264 ID: 2ccbb3

WILL YOU PRESS THE DAMN "Toggle Fire" BUTTON ALREADY?! Maybe it will turn up the heat but HE'S DYING!

You know what, just RIP HIS ARMS OUT OF THERE! Screw the risk, HE'S BURNING TO DEATH!!!
>>
No. 700407 ID: f6442a

Try dousing him with buckets of blood?
>>
No. 700590 ID: 02422f

>Pix... mon... jit... tell... tet...
>Tinq.... khat... trey... teus... on!
Oh hey, we now know how to count down from ten. We know numbers!

>>700199
...I think you pushed the wrong button combination.

It released him, stabbed him repeatedly, then lit him on fire. This suggests each button has one function?
>>
No. 702132 ID: 0a1420
File 145557109105.png - (233.82KB , 1600x1200 , 151.png )
702132

>>700407
>Try dousing him with buckets of blood?

:runounburning: AYAAHHHH YAAAAAHHHGNNN!!

:rcandishuteyes: plllsh yhh dhn waghn dhn pllysh
>>
No. 702133 ID: 0a1420
File 145557110209.png - (232.08KB , 1600x1200 , 152.png )
702133

:rcandishuteyes: eyhh dhn wahnn dhn plsh yh
>>
No. 702134 ID: 0a1420
File 145557111736.png - (236.69KB , 1600x1200 , 153.png )
702134

:rcandishuteyes: dhn hnna dyh...

:runounburned: Uhhghhh... salat...

:rjackscared: Well... uh... that's, hah... one cuff down. Three, three more to go.

:rjackscared: Fuck me.

>>700213
>>700590
>It released him, stabbed him repeatedly, then lit him on fire. This suggests each button has one function?
:rjackscared: But that's three things and there were four buttons. I, I have no fucking idea which did what or what the fuck happened or how I'm supposed to get his other arm free or what.

:rjackthinking: ...How much abuse can he take?? How is he even still alive? I mean fuck, look at him!
>>
No. 702137 ID: f6442a

Well, we can do this three ways. One, we probably already know how it turns out. Plus, we'll have a bucket ready right away.
Two, we try the buttons one at a time. There's a chance this will turn out slightly less painful.
Three, eh, how attached are you to that arm anyway?
>>
No. 702200 ID: 2ccbb3

His arms should be weakened enough that you can rip him out of there.

Boy, Nouille is going to YELL at you. Bring Candi as well, just sever her entrails at a safe point and find the rest of her later.
>>
No. 702310 ID: 3009b4

I'd just like to point out that "dhn hnna dyh... " probably translates to "Don't wanna die" and that Candi is in a lot of trouble.
>>
No. 702369 ID: fa18d4

Hey, he has now one hand free. Perhaps he can do that "Apply Hand on forhead" trick. ALso, do we still have time?
>>
No. 702386 ID: e89427

>>702200
Intestines don't have sensory nerve endings.

I can see from here that if the guts were gently eased and lifted up and over, off the pentagram's stakes, they could be uncoiled from the mess. The issue would be the bit going down the hole.
>>
No. 702549 ID: 3663d3

don't push any more buttons, let him do it himself now that his hand is free he should be able to.

go get his ass off the spike and see about putting him back together.
>>
No. 702700 ID: 0a1420
File 145574747888.png - (243.74KB , 1600x1200 , 154.png )
702700

>>702310
>I'd just like to point out that "dhn hnna dyh... " probably translates to "Don't wanna die" and that Candi is in a lot of trouble.
:rjacksurprised: Candi, are you alright? Is something wrong? I mean, other then, you know.

:rcanditubehalfeyes: Mhn nymhs nhd Chnhi... Y'Hm fhnn, Y'Hm jsh ... schrd...

>>702369
>ALso, do we still have time?
:rjackthinking: Like, four and a half minutes probably, we've got lots.

:runounburned: Va ba! Vos va ba! Vos fais yan mallas!

:rjackscared: I'm backing up! I'm backing up!

:rjackthinking: I'm thinking he's probably not going to want me pressing more buttons or ripping his fucking arm off , which I'm pretty sure I can't do- I mean look at me, I can barely lift myself off the bed in the morning, I can't even do a chin-up! But I'll try and force those buttons if there really are no other options. We're past the fucking point of no return now, and I'm pretty sure he'll survive it if he's made it this far, but if there's not some other way... wait.

:rjack: Oh, for fucks sake.

:rjack: Candi, do you know what buttons I'm supposed to press?

:rcanditube: Nh uh, hh dhn' prshh ahyhngg, h' jhsh clmphd 'hm ohn...
>>
No. 702701 ID: 2a7417

Who, not-Candi. This could be important.

We could... file the rods off, so he'd be able to get out but they'd have to be removed later.
If we explore our surroundings, we might find a remote release. Be very careful where you step and [i]don't touch anything[i]. Whoever built this place clearly loves deathtraps.
>>
No. 709938 ID: b66b01

"Nuh uh, He didn't press anything, he just clamped him on"?

That's what I think she's saying, so maybe just check if you can pull the restraint open? I'd imagine that since there's spikes in it, the force needed to open it would be unbearable for someone who has to push into those spikes. Also might be tough with only one hand. Someone with both hands however might be able to pry it open?

But I guess it wouldn't explain why the first one popped open...
>>
No. 710819 ID: 02422f

>Mhn nymhs nhd Chnhi... Y'Hm fhnn, Y'Hm jsh ... schrd...
"My name isn't Candy, I'm fine, I'm just... scared..."

Stop using the stage name, I guess.

>"Nuh uh, He didn't press anything, he just clamped him on"?
That would make sense. Most locks are easier to close than open. They just click shut, but you need a key or combination to undo.

Possibilities: you need to press the keys in a specific order, so pressing them all at once didn't work.

...are there buttons on the bracelets on the big empty dish / slab to your left? On the other side of the fenced in entrance / exit? There's no one strapped down there, you could safely test combinations till you found one that worked.
>>
No. 711893 ID: ddeaa0
File 145919846015.png - (245.01KB , 1600x1200 , 155.png )
711893

>>709938
>That's what I think she's saying, so maybe just check if you can pull the restraint open? I'd imagine that since there's spikes in it, the force needed to open it would be unbearable for someone who has to push into those spikes. Also might be tough with only one hand. Someone with both hands however might be able to pry it open?

:runounburnedscared: VOS BETE SALAT! BANASHA!

:rjacknervous: Something's telling me he doesn't want me trying anything else right now. Fuck. There's nothing I can do if he doesn't want me doing it.

>>702701
>If we explore our surroundings, we might find a remote release.

:rjackscared: Alright. I think he'll probably be okay, but fucking hell. We need to get him out of that thing without mutilating the poor bastard more.
>>
No. 711894 ID: ddeaa0
File 145919847256.png - (246.19KB , 1600x1200 , 156.png )
711894

:rjacksurprised: There's nothing back here. No levers or buttons or whatever. Just a pentagram full of boiling blood, because everything here is fucking blood and guts and pain. There's a mirror that's not reflecting me, and a pit in the ground.
>>
No. 711895 ID: ddeaa0
File 145919849868.png - (234.82KB , 1600x1200 , 157.png )
711895

:rjacksurprised: The pit looks like it drops off into some kind of underground cave. Which... isn't the right colour. The rock's supposed to be red, not grey. At least that's what it looked like outside.
>>
No. 711896 ID: ddeaa0
File 145919850820.png - (167.52KB , 1600x1200 , 158.png )
711896

:rjacksurprised: The jail cells to the left are all empty, except this one, it's got a giant fucking worm in there. Which is a change from blood and guts, but I still have no idea what any of it fucking means.
>>
No. 711897 ID: ddeaa0
File 145919851954.png - (239.50KB , 1600x1200 , 159.png )
711897

>>710819
>...are there buttons on the bracelets on the big empty dish / slab to your left? On the other side of the fenced in entrance / exit? There's no one strapped down there, you could safely test combinations till you found one that worked.

:rjackscared: Okay, the thing is, one of those buttons apparently made the whole chair immediately burst into flame. Maybe I pushed that last, and that's why it did the spike thing first, which gave me time to get out of the way. What if I push the flame button and it burns my hand off before I can jump back? ... Plus, he's rejecting my help right now, so even if I figured it out it might not even matter.

:runounburned: Kos tona.... on kos gogon, teus kos truke...
>>
No. 711898 ID: ddeaa0
File 145919852722.png - (155.95KB , 1600x1200 , 160.png )
711898

:rjacksurprised: And a fork. There's a locked door, a bloodstained stairway going downstairs, and, uh...


:rjackscared: I can hear someone laughing upstairs.
>>
No. 711903 ID: 2a7417

Test your weight on the rope. If it really holds, see what's down there. And what's on the other side of this floor.

Did that mirror show your reflection in it? Wait, maybe it's a good thing it couldn't see you.

Try not to think about the correlation of a really really long worm and not-Candi's intestines.
>>
No. 711905 ID: b66b01

>>711893
Lol, I should have specified that I meant on "Candi's" restraints since I assume they have the same restraints and I would hope that pulling on the rings wouldn't activate something instead of doing nothing, at the very least. But anyway, it might be better to explore.
>>
No. 711947 ID: 02422f

>Plus, he's rejecting my help right now, so even if I figured it out it might not even matter.
There's still the restraints on not-Candy.

>What if I push the flame button and it burns my hand off before I can jump back?
...you might want to find a stick or something you can poke the buttons with.

How are we doing on time? Not sure can afford to sneak upstairs and risk getting stuck.
>>
No. 713868 ID: ddeaa0
File 145980337984.png - (530.64KB , 1600x1200 , 161.png )
713868

>>711903
>Try not to think about the correlation of a really really long worm and not-Candi's intestines.
:rjacknervous: I'm trying not to, buddy.

>Test your weight on the rope. If it really holds, see what's down there.
:rjack: Dude, it's as thick as my arm. And gravity's a little weaker here. It holds.


:rjack: Looks like there's a couple of tunnels down here. And blood. A lot of blood. Because of course there is.


>>711947
>How are we doing on time?
:rjack: We got about four minutes.
>>
No. 713870 ID: 2a7417

Would you even have a way back if you went down there?
Now look up.
>>
No. 713878 ID: 1cebc8

There's a few bones underneath that big cliff you're two feet away from.

... Oh look, a giant spider.

Please climb back up. NOW!
>>
No. 715289 ID: 02422f

>>713878
Yes there is a giant spider under the edge, and there's blood spatter and bones scattered around.

Please go back up, and try not to be noisy about it.
>>
No. 715859 ID: ddeaa0
File 146040914745.png - (539.64KB , 1600x1200 , 162.png )
715859

>>713878
>>715289
>... Oh look, a giant spider.

:rjack: What?

:rjackscared: Oh, fuck, fuck, of course there is!
>>
No. 715860 ID: ddeaa0
File 146040916177.png - (250.67KB , 1600x1200 , 163.png )
715860

:rjackscared: The fucker's staying down in his pit at least.

:rjacksurprised: That leaves two options. Those blood soaked stairs going down, or the stairs up where I heard a voice.

:rjack: And since everything in this fucking place wants to kill me, a voice can't possibly be good.
>>
No. 715868 ID: 1cebc8

Just send Not-Candi and Runoun (I dunno, the HUD from our position just said that was his name) through the portal. Tell Not-Candi to tell Nouille to give you another hour with a five-minute warning paper slip. She'll need time to cool off after what you did to Runoun and she won't think Not-Candi did that.
>>
No. 715876 ID: 02422f

>>715860
...There are shadows in the mirror that aren't on the wall behind you.

If you stand near that wall and look into the mirror, can you see what's casting them?
>>
No. 715998 ID: 2a7417

Avoid mirror, examine downstairs.
>>
No. 717632 ID: ddeaa0
File 146101418589.png - (249.35KB , 1600x1200 , 164.png )
717632

>>715868
>Just send Not-Candi and Runoun (I dunno, the HUD from our position just said that was his name) through the portal.

:rjacksurprised: The hud from your...

:rjack: Y'know what, doesn't matter. Important thing is that I can't, not until they're freed. They're still cuffed to their crazyass spikefire chairs.

>>715998
>Avoid mirror, examine downstairs.
:rjacksurprised: Sounds like a plan, that mirror's creeping me out a bit. I think the shadow things are watching me.
>>
No. 717633 ID: ddeaa0
File 146101419355.png - (152.72KB , 1600x1200 , 165.png )
717633

>>
No. 717635 ID: ddeaa0
File 146101420292.png - (181.85KB , 1600x1200 , 166.png )
717635

:rjack: So I found not-Candi's legs. And a lot more blood. Always with the fucking blood. Barrels of it. A pool of it. Fucking blood blood bloody fucking blood. Getting real sick of blood. Gotta admit that stepping in it is not making me love it any more.

:rjack2: At least we have her other half now.
>>
No. 717638 ID: 1cebc8

Careful, this looks like a resource storage so you can expect precise, well crafted traps and sentries. Start with the control panel to your right, see if you can disable something.

So are you going to sever Not-Candi's intestines and re-attach them later?
>>
No. 717644 ID: b66b01

What's written on the bag there? Or is it a bottle?

There's also a crowbar on the barrel over there. Not sure how much I think we should get it though, in the darkness and everything. I'm practically expecting something to pop out of this blood somehow.

I guess they're using Veggie's(not Candi) intestine to lead the blood down and into that barrel. Not sure why she want's it that way though.
>>
No. 717645 ID: 2a7417

1) Get crowbar = very yes.
2) Examine IV drip or whatever next to you.
3) Read some of these barrels' labels. My current guess is that each blood barrel contains blood from different specimens, with their age and species recorded.
>>
No. 717982 ID: ddeaa0
File 146118431479.png - (31.61KB , 800x600 , 167.png )
717982

>>717638
>Start with the control panel to your right, see if you can disable something.

:rjack: Right, the only one I recognize for sure is a skull and I'm sure as fuck not flipping that.

>So are you going to sever Not-Candi's intestines and re-attach them later?
:rjack2: Unless you have a better idea. I have no idea how they fit her legs down that tiny hole to begin with but I'm stumped on how to get them back up again.
>>
No. 717983 ID: ddeaa0
File 146118432463.png - (191.73KB , 1600x1200 , 168.png )
717983

>>717638
>>717644
>Careful, this looks like a resource storage so you can expect precise, well crafted traps and sentries.
>There's also a crowbar on the barrel over there. Not sure how much I think we should get it though, in the darkness and everything. I'm practically expecting something to pop out of this blood somehow.

:rjack: Would they be able to get at their own shit if they had the whole place littered with traps and sentries?... either way, we need that crowbar if we want to sever Candi's intestines, unless you want me to bite through her intestines with my teeth. Which I'm absolutely not doing, by the way.

:rjacknervous: Just need to be really, really fucking careful that I'm not stepping on a bear trap or tripwire or something...
>>
No. 717984 ID: ddeaa0
File 146118433368.png - (182.45KB , 1600x1200 , 169.png )
717984

:rjack: ...but it seems to be clear.

:rjack2: Alright, crowbar acquired.

>>717645
>3) Read some of these barrels' labels.

:rjack: Let's see. '19, H, F'. 'Question mark, V'. '27, H, S'. '15, V'. 'Question mark, question mark'. '18, H, US'.
>>
No. 718002 ID: 3663d3

hold crowbar in front of feet to sweep for any traps so you can move quicker.
>>
No. 718655 ID: f6442a

>>718002
It's so short, my back hurts just thinking about doing that.
Uh, experiment time. Flip the switch labeled XIV and go back upstairs. Mentally re-check the time remaining.
>>
No. 718658 ID: f02a77

>>718655
I kind of doubt that mild back-pain is worse than getting a foot chopped off in a basement full of blood in some weird torture chamber.

But, well, s'just me.
>>
No. 719066 ID: ddeaa0
File 146161740362.png - (187.09KB , 1600x1200 , 170.png )
719066

>>718658
>I kind of doubt that mild back-pain is worse than getting a foot chopped off in a basement full of blood in some weird torture chamber.

:rjack: You know I think I agree. Fuck my spine, priorities.

:rjack2: Doesn't really matter though, looks like we're in the clear.
>>
No. 719067 ID: ddeaa0
File 146161741366.png - (188.93KB , 1600x1200 , 171.png )
719067

>>718655
>Uh, experiment time. Flip the switch labeled XIV and go back upstairs. Mentally re-check the time remaining.
:rjack: Done. And we just hit three minutes.... now. I was going to mention that.
>>
No. 719068 ID: ddeaa0
File 146161742237.png - (326.47KB , 1600x1200 , 172.png )
719068

:rjacksurprised: Alright. Think I found the difference.
>>
No. 719536 ID: b66b01

Before turning it back off, maybe check around the mirror again since that's where the brimstone mark was. If nothing is there, turn it back off to let the door cool down.
>>
No. 723768 ID: e0d257
File 146342983597.png - (233.72KB , 1600x1200 , 173.png )
723768

>>719536
>Before turning it back off, maybe check around the mirror again since that's where the brimstone mark was.
>>
No. 723769 ID: e0d257
File 146342990152.png - (98.37KB , 1600x1200 , 174.png )
723769

:rjack: Uh...

:rXyPhyLys: My good man, I'm "happy" to see you again. What can I do for you today?

:rjacksurprised: Uhh...

:rjackthinking: Whatever the fuck that is, I've never seen it before in my life.

:rjackthinking: But it's not trying to kill me. Or covered in blood.

>>
No. 723770 ID: f6442a

Ask for an instruction manual for your brand new ODGWTF 2000 Dungeon Switchboard, as it doesn't seem to have come with one.
>>
No. 723775 ID: b66b01

Yeah, only help I can think of is asking for information. Ask what's up with this place.

I wouldn't mention that you don't know why he knows you just yet. In case he gets offended. Hopefully the other 2 listening in won't think you're in cahoot with this dude.
>>
No. 723776 ID: 094652

Okay, it looks like this is some kind of communication teleporter. The merchant probably thinks you're the owner of the house (and have used another human as a skin mask), so don't ask him if you want to buy those two slaves yet. Request a list of goods and what you can trade for them.
>>
No. 723777 ID: 3663d3

i bet... time travel.
>>
No. 724246 ID: e0d257
File 146360382504.png - (106.81KB , 1600x1200 , 175.png )
724246

>>723776
>Request a list of goods and what you can trade for them.
>>723775
>I wouldn't mention that you don't know why he knows you just yet.

:rjack: It's, uh, good to see you too, man. What have you got for me today?

:rxyphylys: ...

:rxyphylys: Ah. Yes. Forgive my eyes. They do not understand your human face so well. Yes. What I offer, as I always have offered, is information. We have access to all knowledge, and I gladly share this privilege. The price I ask is for value. Sentimental, emotional, physical. Yet, I would prefer if you did not offer blood. I have become tired of it. Especially as "you" so rarely give your own. I cannot guarantee the quality nor quantity of the information for inferior payment.
>>
No. 724275 ID: b66b01

Mmm, based on his wording, I guess we offer something and he'll tell us something based on the value of the offering?

Before we start offering limbs, what is our current inventory.

And while you check, maybe ask if he can give examples of what he's looking for. Cause I'm not sure if everything he seeks is physical. For example, a momento for sentimental value.
>>
No. 724384 ID: f6442a

Can you offer the sentimental and... physical value the nickname Candi has to you, if you think that was a night to remember, if that's a thing he can just take? We need to get that name out of our head.
>>
No. 726819 ID: e0d257
File 146464154406.png - (250.42KB , 1600x1200 , 176.png )
726819

>>724275
>what is our current inventory.

:rjackthinking: Uh, let's see. I've got my crowbar, my phone, a little, half empty box of first aid shit. Uh, back in the room, my backpack's got food and a bungie cord. And I've got a bunch of shit in my van, The Machine, like my MP3 player and clothes and stuff.

>And while you check, maybe ask if he can give examples of what he's looking for. Cause I'm not sure if everything he seeks is physical. For example, a momento for sentimental value.

:rjack: So, what would you accept? Does it have to be something physical?

:rxyphylys: Absolutely not, for I will gladly accept the intangible. So long as it has inherent value to you. I could accept memories, knowledge, skills. I will also accept the physical: an item of value, an item of value only to you, a piece of you that you do not wish to give. I will take any thing at all, but it must be something worth taking.

>>724384
>Can you offer the sentimental and... physical value the nickname Candi has to you, if you think that was a night to remember, if that's a thing he can just take? We need to get that name out of our head.

:rjack: Will you accept Candi's name?

:rcanditube: Whnrh?

:rjack: Since we had, uh, a night to remember? Is that sentimental enough?

:rxyphylys: ... Having emotionless, inebriated sexual congress in exchange for money is not what you consider a night to remember, nor does it have any value to you. You know this. Do not try and manipulate me. I deal in knowledge. I cannot be tricked.

:rxyphylys: And upon reflection, I do not believe I will accept simple memories from you. It is due to those unfortunate voices in your head. It will not count as payment if I cannot take it all from you. They could remind you shortly afterwards.

:rcanditube: Vyysyhs?
>>
No. 726821 ID: 094652

>>726819
I don't think we should buy intel from someone who could easily erase the context from your brain. He could tell you how to fix Candi and Runoun, but wait until you run out of options. Get Nouille's opinion on this. For now, get Candi to the portal, and tell her to tell Nouille "five more minutes". Easy.
>>
No. 726835 ID: f6442a

It'll have to be a memory you haven't told us about. Think on what you can give up (that doesn't mean necessarily what you *will* give up), and have us pick a number.
>>
No. 726876 ID: 3663d3

does he know how to get them free from this place? as in, knowing he knows good info would make us more inclined to pay for it.
>>
No. 726892 ID: 3009b4

You could probably barter one of your balls. It's a perfect combination of "I really don't want to give this up" and "This will not screw over my survival chances".
>>
No. 726905 ID: c52ad6

>>726892
yeah impromptu testicular surgery won't hurt our chances of survival. Getting castrated doesn't hurt or bleed or anything. You could offer your van, it's not like you can really use it here.
>>
No. 726909 ID: 13ac27

>>726819
maybe you have some photos on your phone of sentimental value? regardless, you should really grab Candi and make way for that portal, you might not have allot of time to break her lose.
>>
No. 727029 ID: 3009b4

All depends on how he removes said portion of the body. This is a weird place; it might be capable of being done in a way that doesn't threaten blood loss or shock. Inquire about what anatomy alterations would entail.
>>
No. 727239 ID: e0d257
File 146481458621.png - (155.26KB , 1600x1200 , 177.png )
727239

>>726821
>For now, get Candi to the portal
:rjackthinking: Good idea, but first I need to free her. Which is sort of the point of all this. I don't have the combination to her locks.

>>726909
>you might not have allot of time to break her lose.
:rjackthinking: I have about a minute and a half left, so I should probably figure this out quick.

>>726876
> does he know how to get them free from this place? as in, knowing he knows good info would make us more inclined to pay for it.
:rjack: Do you know how to get her free? Where do you get your info from?

:rxyphylys: ... Your name is Jack Ryan Morigan. You were diagnosed with schizophrenia at age fifteen.

:rjacknervous: Wait, dude, seriously-

:rcanditube: Schzprhynah?

:rxyphylys: You are a chronic masturbator; you have not gone more than thirty six hours without having sexual congress with your hand since you reached puberty. You have two point seven gigabytes of dedicated fetish pornography featuring slightly to heavily overweight female[/b] humans downloaded in the form of still photos [i]averaging two megabytes of data each. Until thirteen years of age you unintentionally urinated while sleeping, several years beyond the age a human would normally be expected to drop such a habit. Is that enough to assure you I am not a fraud? Is it enough to prevent further insult on your part?

:rjacksurprised: Uh... ... yeah.

:rxyphylys: Good. I enjoy your offer. One testicle would be a fitting trade for the life of a prostitute.

:rjackscared: Wait- what?

:rxyphylys: I will no longer accept any other payment. It will not result in medical trauma, I can assure you. However I cannot guarantee it will not be painful.

:rjackscared: Uh.

>>726892
>You could probably barter one of your balls.
:rjackangry: Well thanks a lot, dickwad.
>>
No. 727243 ID: 094652

Damnit, he's on to us! Drop all pretense of deception, his perception skill is through the roof!

Do not take the offer. If he has eldritch surveillance on you, that means he ALSO knows how to rob you blind!

And since he's SUCH a skilled intel broker, he should know how you can rescue Candi without knowing the combinations to those torture chairs. Ask for information on the make and mechanics of the previous owner's furniture and base, but do NOT sell him anything.
>>
No. 727248 ID: cc9c5d

Maybe if you act like loosing one of your boys doesn't really bother you too much he will ask for another payment? I am not keen on you loosing a testicle for Candi. Maybe every memory of your grandmother or cousin or something if hes up to changing his price? I think its a fare price to pay for saving another human who can actually relate to what you're going through right now.
>>
No. 727259 ID: 3009b4

I am the best suggestor.

Back me up here, mysterious broker of information and stuff.

Also consider the fact that this poor girl is cut in half with her intestines hanging out. It's just one ball, compared to say... intestines all over the place and having your entire lower half removed.

Besides, reducing your reproduction abilities might be a good thing given your medical history and for all intensive purposes if you ever get yourself in good enough condition to consider being a parent, perhaps it's best you adopt anyway.

>>727248
He can hear us. He doesn't appreciate being lied to.
>>
No. 727264 ID: abadf3

>He can hear the voices

Man, fuck this white fatass.
I say don't give him shit.
>>
No. 727266 ID: 8d9368

>>727239
I don't like you, fat man. You can obviously hear me. But do you know anything about me? Am I just a voice in someone's head? What would a voice be worth?
>>
No. 727268 ID: f6442a

>>727243
He already said he could last post, so looks like you might need to up your own Perception a bit.
Sacrifice the suggestor's ball. He contributed the idea, he contributes the organ.
>>
No. 727275 ID: 3009b4

I'm pretty sure I'm beyond his power to affect, right Broker-Dude?
>>
No. 727284 ID: 3009b4

>>727266

On a related note, I'm pretty sure you're ALSO beyond his ability to manipulate as well. Or he'd be able to censor our abilities to interfere with the Jack's memories.

Speaking of Jack, you might not like this deal but if the roles were reversed, wouldn't you rather Candi gave up one of her ovaries to save your two-part ass? It's not nice but deals like this never are and you don't have a lot of options. Of all the organs that have a redundancy plan the testicles are the only ones that don't contribute to your continued survival. You're going to need every bit skill and wit you have, worry about your sex life when you're safe again.
>>
No. 727603 ID: e0d257
File 146498643387.png - (109.55KB , 1600x1200 , 178.png )
727603

:rjackthinking: So, uh, what's the vote? Two to one against? I'm completely cool with that. That sounds good to me. But what's the plan then? We, uh, don't have a lot of options. Upstairs I can hear people lurking, and I don't really want to meet the owner of this blood dungeon. The caves have some alien murderbeast lurking around and I really really don't want to deal with that shit.

:rjackthinking: I guess I could go back and fuck around with the circuit breaker some more, flip more switches. But who knows what some of them might do? I don't think it's just circuits if it summoned a fucking demon, or whatever the hell this guy is. It lit some kind of fire in that other room, or at least made the door burning hot. Maybe one switch will make the place explode or something.

:rjack: Uh, you can... hear them, right? Are you going to answer their questions?

:rxyphylys: No, Jack. They are right. I cannot affect the incorporeal. My interest is in you. They concern me only in their relation to you. And, Jack, it would be an unwise decision to deny our bargain. Think carefully.
>>
No. 727605 ID: 094652

Unwise is not stupidity. We're thinking our way through this, rash or not. There's a lot YOU could do with reproductive genetic material, so giving it to you early-game would be risky.

Seriously, can we stop talking about neuter trades and start discussing the freaking area? You act like you've got a one-track mind, that's dangerous to do business with.
>>
No. 727606 ID: 3009b4

Jack, you need this information and this guy already has your number. I've already plead the case for the poor girl's situation, let's also consider that knowing more about this place might save your hide later. Maybe you can free the other person too and get some more friends.

I mean, we haven't even touched on "How the hell do we get back home?" part yet.

Don't be a fool.
>>
No. 727607 ID: 35151f

>>727603
Can you guarantee us she's going to live?
If so, it's just one nut.
If NOT, then why bother sacrificing a nut for a gored-up person we don't only barely-know, but don't know for sure is going to survive being taken out of this hellish horror-movie of a dimension?
>>
No. 727621 ID: 3663d3

there is a relatively easy way to free them that wont be much worse then already happened, cut their hands off and slip the stumps out, we are already planning to so their BOTTOM HALVES back on, hands will be easy compared to that.
>>
No. 727640 ID: f6442a

Don't take the deal for now, go back down and flip the switch you used off, then come back up for your return to the room.
>>
No. 727692 ID: c43722

Hey, did we even get the exact terms of the deal here? I'd want to know just what kinds of information, and in what quantity, you'd get for it before agreeing to anything or not. Also, you don't know just how painful it'd be. If it's so much so you yelp loud enough for the owners of this place to hear you, or if it's so much you'd end up curled up on the ground for several minutes before you recover, that'd be bad.

Hey, Jack, I think I may have a way to test those buttons on our alien friend's shackles without putting him at risk... Well, maybe a little risk, but a heck of a lot less than before. Anyway, from what I'm seeing, he's only held in place by the single band with the spikes through his wrist, right? So you just have to get him to push himself up and over the side of the chair and he'd be safely out of the way of the terrible devices the chair has as you try pressing the buttons one at a time. His hand and forearm would still be close enough to get caught in the fire, though, so filling that basin with some blood before starting to put him out would be prudent. Oh, and you could also close the other wristband and test if the buttons on there do the same functions as well, just in case. And then once you know the buttons on that chair, they probably would do the same functions on Candi's chair.

Also, Jack, would you please pull that damn hose out of Candi's mouth so she can speak normally. Since you dumped the basin of blood it was pumping from over our alien buddy to put him out, it shouldn't spray all over the damn place now if you take it out. Just tell her to exhale hard when you pull it out so the blood doesn't get down her lungs. And get her real name.

>>727621
Problem is, we don't know if their lower halves can just be sewn back on and be functional or even not just rip the stitches out as soon as they try to move. Stitches really aren't structurally strong enough to hold two halves of a person together on their own. Unless their flesh can be mended back together, they're pretty much not gonna be whole. And it's the same for if Jack here chops their hands off at the wrist. Just stitching them back on won't make them structurally sound or functional. They'd just rip right off again under any stress. Besides, Jack doesn't have any tools here with which to cut their hands off. That is, cut them off clean enough such that they could be reattached. So put that idea aside for now and we'll keep it as an "option Z" in case there's no others to get them out.
>>
No. 728388 ID: c43722

Jack, after some serious thought, I've come to the conclusion you should take the... Um... I guess I'll call him "Broker" since he's a information broker. Unless he offers another name to go by, that is. Anyway, I say take the Broker's deal. I say this for multiple reasons. One is expediency. You and us have no idea when the owner of this blood dungeon will come back. Could be two minutes, could be two hours. We just don't know. But when he, she, or they come down they're going to see their ritual has been screwed up and their subjects taken and they're going to be pissed. You'll want as much time as possible to get away from the hotel room end of the teleportation point you used, just in case they figure that was the way the intruder got in. Or worse, they show up when you're still here and catch you. Then you'll end up horizontally bisected and laying on one of these slabs, or some other terrible fate.

Second reason is if you don't take it, Nouille may pick up the next time you do that telepathic communication thing with her what you did, or rather, didn't do, to save her... Uh... Whatever alien naga dude is to her. If you get out of here with him, she's already going to be seriously angry at you for your impulsive actions getting him impaled and burned, so adding selfishly not taking the deal will just make her even more pissed at you. But if he doesn't make it out of here 'cause you didn't take the deal, Nouille is going be so angry at you she'll likely run you through with her spear, from the crotch upwards.

Third reason is Candi heard Mr. Broker here say the deal out loud. Assuming you somehow get her out of here by other means, she's still going to be pissed at you for putting your own testicle ahead of her life. And since she's the only other person on this forsaken rock that you can talk with who knows the world you came from. Having the only person you could possibly converse with seriously ticked off at you forever would be

Fourth is that denying Mr. Broker here his deal may piss him off enough to never deal with you again. Since he's the only potential source of info we've found so for on how you can get off this damn rock and back home, possibly cutting that line off is a bad idea. Granted you may never get another chance to deal with him, but if you do and have the goods to trade, you'll be kicking yourself then if you closed that possibility off now.

And the fifth and biggest reason is, is that IT'S THE RIGHT FUCKIN' THING TO DO! Giving up your left nut to save the life of another from ritual torture, being kept alive for who the fuck knows how long while terrible thing are done to either of them, before likely being killed is the RIGHT THING! For once in your fuckin' life do the right fuckin' thing! Seriously, don't be a fuckin' tool! It's just some pain and it's not like you need both nuts to jack off. And being able to say you gave your left nut to save somebody's life would be impressive, in a way.

Just make sure to get the whole terms of the deal from Broker dude first, and then sit in the point where you teleported in for when you take the deal, just in case the pain is serious enough to knock you out or make you curl up for minutes and minutes. That way if you're incapacitated, Nouille can drag you out when she does the teleport.

Also, keep in mind that the owner of this place has done dealings with Mr. Broker here before, and will most likely come to him to find out who intruded, how they did, and where they are. While the Broker won't take blood any more, the owner may be pissed off enough to offer something the Broker would take. Before you eventually leave, you'll have to either break the Broker's summoning... window, I guess, or break the breaker powering it. Hitting the window with the crowbar may work, but if it doesn't then you could break the breaker with the crowbar. You can do it when you get Candi's lower half. Just pull the breaker switch out halfway, then stick the notch on the crowbar's bent end in there and leaver the switch lever out, or possibly the whole breaker block. Actually, breaking both the summon window and the breaker switch would be prudent, if possible, just to be extra safe.
>>
No. 728430 ID: 8d9368

Hey, who said I was incorporeal? I'm perfectly corporeal. You're the incorporeal one.
>>
No. 729785 ID: e0d257
File 146602480198.png - (99.22KB , 1600x1200 , 179.png )
729785

>>727692
>>728388
:rjackthinking: Fuck me, that's the most coherent any of you have been in... shit, years. Well... I can't disagree with any of that. Especially me not being able to hide this from Candi and Nouille. If that fat fuck would just talk quieter... goddamn it. If I delay it's just going to look shit on me and make me more enemies. Fuck, fuck fuck.

:rjacknervous: Alright, uh- if I take this, she's not going to die, right? Like, she's not being kept alive by the chair or anything?


:rxyphylys: She will not die. She is kept alive and functional by an internal, not external, support.


:rjacknervous:Alright, so, second question- will it work on the alien's restraints as well?

:rxyphylys: It may.

:rjackangry: That's not a very fucking solid answer... goddamn it.
>>
No. 729786 ID: e0d257
File 146602482877.png - (246.04KB , 1600x1200 , 180.png )
729786

:rjacksurprised: Alright, fine, do iaahHGHGGHGNNN!!!

:rjackpain: OooHhh goohhndd!!
>>
No. 729787 ID: e0d257
File 146602483853.png - (98.18KB , 1600x1200 , 181.png )
729787

:rjackpain: FFfhn- ffffhgknn, ho, holy shit...

:rXyphylys: This is good. Yes. From closest to furthest from the victim, press the buttons in the following order; four, two, three, one. This will disengage the lock safely.
>>
No. 729788 ID: e0d257
File 146602486624.png - (99.64KB , 1600x1200 , 182.png )
729788

:rjackpain: How... oh, fuck, that hurts...!!
>>
No. 729789 ID: e0d257
File 146602488041.png - (258.30KB , 1600x1200 , 183.png )
729789

:rXyphylys: Wonderful! This was a good trade, my friend. My heart is uplifted now that you have come around.

:rjackpain: Fucking...

:rXyphylys: I would be very interested in talking business with you again. I will not trick you, unlike the other scumbag. You do not need any fancy rituals or trappings to summon me. I will be watching. Call me by name: Xyphylys. I will come.

:rjackpain: You... fff.... alright, hahh, just focus, fggccknng...
>>
No. 729790 ID: e0d257
File 146602489019.png - (241.28KB , 1600x1200 , 184.png )
729790

:rcandishuteyes: 'OHmmgghd, plsh lh' 'h' wrrk, plsh, I d'nn w'nnahh gh'd brrnd!

:rjackpain: Oh, fuck, join the goddamn, fffgkning... club!
>>
No. 729791 ID: e0d257
File 146602490188.png - (43.01KB , 800x600 , 185.png )
729791

:rkatieadoringblood: Oh my g.d... you tha.k you!

:rjackpain: Don't- don... ment.. it, Can...

:rkatieadoringblood: ..n.t C..di ... 'ts Katie...


:rjackpain: F.ck, hold s.ill, I.... .top strug.ling...

:rjackpain: Oh, fu.. me, co.e on don't ... me drag you...
>>
No. 729792 ID: e0d257
File 146602491033.png - (218.65KB , 1600x1200 , 186.png )
729792

:rkatieadoringblood: Are you alright?? I'm so sorry, can I do something??

:rjackpain: What're you gonna do... without legs, man? I've... got it.

:rkatieadoringblood: Are you sure? He looks heavy!!

:rjackpain: He's... not, he's not that
>>
No. 729793 ID: e0d257
File 146602492046.png - (194.93KB , 1600x1200 , 187.png )
729793

:rjackpain: heavy-

:rnouilleshock: AAHHHHHH!!!

:rnouilleshock: WHAT 'APPENED??
>>
No. 729794 ID: e0d257

Sorry about the delay- I had a response ready by last Wednesday, but then >>727692 gave an exceptionally long, thought out response that I didn't feel right ignoring, so I had to redo it. And then E3 turned out to be Monday and I just had to watch the shitstorm, it's a yearly tradition. I'm doing my best to stay on a steady schedule though, I'll try to keep to a steady Monday - Wednesday - Friday as much as I can.

Since this quest moves a little slowly, I set up a reference sheet at http://pastebin.com/0QbTd5Ew to keep track of all the shit that we've done, what we have on us, any objectives, important info etc. I'll keep it updated with anything new as it comes. And if anybody wants to mention something they want to see put on the list to be tracked for later, I'll add it. I'll put the link at the start of the next thread, for now it'll have to be dug in halfway down.

>>
No. 729800 ID: 4854ef

Jack, find a safe spot to put them down, and then hopefully find something to stop the bleeding, one cannot imagine what sort of pain you are going through but you do need to focus.. Because hopefully the pain will dull in time, because there's no medkits or such to really help with this..

Wouldn't be too bad if we still had some of those drugs from the van.
>>
No. 729802 ID: 9f3729

>>729793
"I gave up one of my testicles and saved some lives, and now I would very much like to lie down for a moment to mourn my loss."
>>
No. 729807 ID: 3009b4

As soon as you're able to steady yourself, tell her the whole truth. She needs to know everything; she might be able to provide more insight as well.
>>
No. 729856 ID: 3663d3

one of the buttons was flambe
>>
No. 729883 ID: f457da

"Fire, Spider, Cannibal. In that order."0

BED.
>>
No. 729960 ID: f6442a

"nuttin" much.
>>
No. 730245 ID: e0d257
File 146619605526.png - (200.48KB , 1600x1200 , 188.png )
730245

>>729800
>and then hopefully find something to stop the bleeding
:rjackpain: It's not... bleeding. He didn't cut me, he... fuck- he just, took it...

>Wouldn't be too bad if we still had some of those drugs from the van.
:rjackpain: Just... anti psychotics. I don't need yoOOoou to shut up right.. now. Can't think straight on my own. Wait, I have-- morphine, grabbed it from work, and it's... fucking.

:rjacksurprised: Back at- home.

>>729807
>>729802
:rjackpain: I... gave- one of my-


:runounburnedfreed: Hos bete hos'fais ta kos..

:rnouilleshock: Qua?? Hos fais??

:runounburnedfreed: Oe! Bete salat'hos!

:rnouilleangry: You did thees to 'im?

:rkatieadoringmad: Yeah, 'cause he was trying to save him first, so fuck off!
>>
No. 730249 ID: 4854ef

Speak short sentences, you likely wouldn't get out a full explanation. He was in chair, chair had buttons, tried to free with buttons, button trapped, caused him pain, paid body part to free him.

Also damnit of course it'd be at home.. But if it's just.. taken and not bleeding, why the hell is it causing such pain? Damned demon rules.
>>
No. 730270 ID: 8f6be1

Tell her you made half of the ultimate sacrifice to save them both.
>>
No. 730458 ID: 3663d3

"buttons, handcuffs, guessed wrong"
>>
No. 731693 ID: e0d257
File 146680125479.png - (201.94KB , 1600x1200 , 189.png )
731693

:rjackpain: He was cuffed- tried to uncuff,... trapped. I- gnah- gave up a ball to free him.

:rnouillesurprise: Ball? What ball?

:rjackpain: Oh, for...

:rjackthinking: That's right- they have those tail things. Why would they know?

:rjackpain: I-

:rkatieadoringblood: Whatever that guy has for a dick, that's kinda what he lost, okay? It's kinda a big deal! Okay?

:rgirlalien3: ...
>>
No. 731694 ID: e0d257
File 146680126831.png - (189.74KB , 1600x1200 , 190.png )
731694

:rnouille: ...not matter. I will..... needs to be...
>>
No. 731695 ID: e0d257
File 146680127990.png - (208.89KB , 1600x1200 , 191.png )
731695

:rkatieadoringmad: What are you doing?

:rjackscared: Wait- why- are you going for, your spear??

:rkatiescared: She has a fucking spear??!

:rnouille: Step back.

:rjackscared: Shit.
>>
No. 731696 ID: 358228

Just do as the nice lady says.
>>
No. 731720 ID: 3663d3

well back off, and find some a sewing kit to put them back together.
>>
No. 731724 ID: 8ec390

Hell no, you did not drag him out of there so she could coup de grace him with a sharp stick.
>>
No. 731727 ID: c43722

Is she going to try and mercy kill him? Or is she gonna pull some magical mystic shaman shit and heal him somehow... I doubt it's that, but I dunno if it's the former either. Might be something else entirely. Better try and can get Nouille to tell you what she's planning to do with that spear before she does it.

Get out of the way slowly enough you can quickly ask her what she's planning to do, but not slow enough to piss her off too much. And tell her that there might be a way to mend his flesh, back where you rescued them from. I remember that Katie's intestines to her lower half through the floor drain where continuous, without stitches where the two halves were put together. That makes me think whoever their captor was, they had the means to heal flesh together. Frankly, with whatever their captor did that's keeping them alive after all their trauma, I'd be surprised if whoever it was couldn't easily mend flesh.

Oh, and you should also know that we've lost full visual and partial aural contact with you for the second time just a moment ago, when Nouille was speaking right before reaching for her spear. The one before was when you were releasing Katie and the alien guy and moving them into the portal area. Dunno what's causing it, but I thought you should know to expect it in case we go silent for awhile.
>>
No. 731728 ID: b2d501

I think Nouille's culture might not know about effective painkillers. Tell Nouille there might be a way to dampen his nervous system so that he isn't in constant afterburn.

Remember, you're a pharmacy courier. How much stock did you have before the warp?
>>
No. 731735 ID: 3009b4

Look, she doesn't seem angry at you, and she seems to appreciate the sacrifice now, and that's the important part.

You don't know what she's going to do, so first -- step back. Then inquire what she's going to do and see if you can help.
>>
No. 732168 ID: e0d257
File 146706092660.png - (205.87KB , 1600x1200 , 192.png )
732168

>>731728
>Remember, you're a pharmacy courier. How much stock did you have before the warp?

:rjackthinking: Uh, none- I'm on... vacation. Stupid shitty fucking vacation, getting my balls chopped off, for fucks sake... I got my- nnh- own stuff, clozaril, and, uh, some dramamine and -

:rjacksurprised: Oh, shit, I've got some TYLENOL... not great, just off the shelf shit, but it's still fucking tylenol...

>>731727
>Oh, and you should also know that we've lost full visual and partial aural contact with you for the second time just a moment ago, when Nouille was speaking right before reaching for her spear. The one before was when you were releasing Katie and the alien guy and moving them into the portal area. Dunno what's causing it, but I thought you should know to expect it in case we go silent for awhile.

:rjackpain: I think... I'm blanking out from the pain, man. I... I need to sit down or chug that bottle of tylenol or something, because nggh, fuck.



:rjackpain: Wait- what are you doing?

:rgirlalien3: I... need to merzy kill 'im.

:rjacknervous: You, hgn- you don't need to do that! There's... the guy who did it, he's... keeping them alive, surely he could put them back together, or, nngh, or I have some painkillers? Uh, they'll... make him hurt less...?

:rnouillesurprise: Or... or I could kill 'im, and 'e can be reincarnated? You even 'ave a word for eet, so you must know? And zen he dozzen't 'ave to suffer?

:rkatieconfused: ((Psst- how is she speaking English, and why the fuck is she French?))
>>
No. 732170 ID: 4854ef

To be blunt, you aren't even sure he COULD die if you stabbed him, you might actually just leave him even worse off and suffering more.

Like katie there should be dead as a human like that, but she's still alive and uh.. well yeah still alive,
>>
No. 732216 ID: 9a6193

Reincarnated is just a word for a hopeful idea on your side, is it an actual event on hers?
>>
No. 732240 ID: b2d501

> Why shouldn't we kill him
For starters, if he's connected to Katie or has tracking devices lodged inside his thorax, killing him will likely open a can of worms. Or whatever works as an analogy for pink slime bait.

Second, he's still useful as a sort of anatomy guide. Nouille can show you where the weak spots of enemies are for her species, and you can test out Tylenol on this guy.

Third, that information broker might want more. Living body parts are worth more than dead ones.

> Katie is asking why Nouille is acting like a French warmaiden
Tell Katie that whatever translation tech she's using got confused when you were switching between different languages to get a reaction. Which is basically two.

Also, she's not dating you and there's two guys in the room so who @#$%ing cares.
>>
No. 732297 ID: c735bf

>>732240
>anatomy guide

Sure, tell the crazy tribal alien we can use her one true love as a science class living skeleton. She'll take it well, I'm sure.
>>
No. 732367 ID: 3009b4

>>732170
I think this is an important point that she needs to know.
>>
No. 733097 ID: e0d257
File 146741073554.png - (209.67KB , 1600x1200 , 193.png )
733097

>>732240
>Tell Katie that whatever translation tech she's using got confused when you were switching between different languages to get a reaction. Which is basically two.
:rjackpain: ((I don't know, she... there was... nng. She took my English, and I know French, and... ghn, I don't know, she just can.))

>>732170
> To be blunt, you aren't even sure he COULD die if you stabbed him, you might actually just leave him even worse off and suffering more.
:rjacknervous: Wait-... there's something keeping him alive. I... I found that out, when I gave up my... gah, my, uh, body part.

:rjackpain: Listen, I don't- I don't know if he can die right now... you might make him--... hurt more.

:rnouillesurprise: ...

:rgirlalien3: Soh doucel vos ny yan maldas...

:runounburnedfreed: Moseni, vos syas maldas kos...
>>
No. 733098 ID: e0d257
File 146741074656.png - (206.47KB , 1600x1200 , 194.png )
733098

:rnouilledoubt: 'e wants me to try anyway...
>>
No. 733107 ID: 4854ef

Huh, the spear is glowing..? Interesting, but if he really wants to try it they can.

I mean as much as you want to help them, it's still his choice and all, see if they can die.
>>
No. 733183 ID: b2d501

Can we knock him out? I forget if damaged nerves react more on sleeping entities.
>>
No. 733186 ID: 358228

Well, it's your funeral pal. Hopefully.
>>
No. 733240 ID: 387704

On an unrelated note, using that pink slime yoy got in the xan as a pain killer would probably stop any pain.
>>
No. 734039 ID: e0d257
File 146783973459.png - (201.47KB , 1600x1200 , 195.png )
734039

>>733240
>On an unrelated note, using that pink slime yoy got in the xan as a pain killer would probably stop any pain.
:rjacksurprised: Holy fucking hell...!

:rjackpain: Wait, you could... take away the pain, without killing him, that, that slime thing, it... numbs, right?

:rnouillesurprise: ...!!
>>
No. 734040 ID: e0d257
File 146783975879.png - (197.58KB , 1600x1200 , 196.png )
734040

:runounburned: Qua... moseni, bot!! Quey vos jorceay??!! Moseni!!
>>
No. 734041 ID: e0d257
File 146783980185.png - (344.76KB , 1600x1200 , 197.png )
734041

:rjackpain: Right, well, uh... gnh, need to sit... sit down for... for...

:rkatiescared: Woah- hey! Hey!
>>
No. 734042 ID: e0d257
File 146783981137.png - (379.06KB , 1600x1200 , 198.png )
734042

>>
No. 734043 ID: e0d257
File 146783982838.png - (127.45KB , 1600x1200 , 199.png )
734043

:rnouilledowncast: Qua kos'fais? Kos bete, salat bete... desol, moseni, kos desol, kos nor fais...
>>
No. 734044 ID: f8482c

>>734043
uhh, hello, our dude seems to have fainted, all this action has taken it's toll on him mentally.
>>
No. 734053 ID: d63604

>>734043
... hello?
>>
No. 734054 ID: 9f3729

>>734043
BONJOUR, HON HON HON
>>
No. 734057 ID: 3009b4

Aww, Nouille looks sad. I wish I knew more pseudo-French.
>>
No. 734084 ID: 11f3be

HI!
We're the voices in Jack's head.

You belong to us now.
>>
No. 734085 ID: b2d501

>>734041
Wait, why didn't the closet portal open?!

Either way, Katie's entrails are disturbingly close to the portal. Hopefully she'll pull them back before someone accidentally telefrags her.

>>734043
Hello Nouille. If you need to ask, we're a simple collection of mortals, mostly humans, who are using this connection to talk to strangers in other dimensions. I'm not sure how this works either, just go with it.

I'd ask for some information on your culture, but anything sexual is likely to contain stuff that is considered disgusting and heavily-traumatizing, intertwined in such a way that tech-based viewers may be traumatized for life due to their newfound fear of sex. So let's not do that.

So who are YOU, Nouille? We didn't get much by reading Jack's translation.
>>
No. 734092 ID: f8482c

uhhh, some voices may be less coherent then others.
>>734085
how would questions about culture result in horrifying sex facts?
>>
No. 734093 ID: 358228

Did you lose the van? How did you even find it in the first place?
>>
No. 734134 ID: b2d501

>>734092
Dude, this is an asteroid with non-Euclidian gateways where the local religion is something between a talking maggot in the middle of dinner and a conglomerate of floating, self consuming digestive organs.

Do you REALLY want to find out what's pulsating, squirming, and/or currently consuming Nouille behind those bandages, or do you want to keep your sanity?
>>
No. 734162 ID: 8390df

>>734134
Who knows, maybe this place relies on startrek biology for mating. I just wish i could understand the french half of what she says, I picked spanish as my second language.
>>
No. 734536 ID: e0d257
File 146800997412.png - (126.32KB , 1600x1200 , 200.png )
734536

:rnouille: O- oh! You are ze voices from inside 'is 'ead. I did not understand you so well before, but I remember zome of 'ou, yes.

:rnouilledoubt: You talk a lot, don't you? Kos tona...

>>734057
>Aww, Nouille looks sad. I wish I knew more pseudo-French.
:rnouilledowncast: Zat, uh- it's nozzing, do not worry about eet.

>>734084
>You belong to us now.
:rnouilleangry: I... don't think zo? I am a free woman, I 'aven't given myzelf to anyone...

>>734085
>I'd ask for some information on your culture, but anything sexual is likely to contain stuff that is considered disgusting and heavily-traumatizing, intertwined in such a way that tech-based viewers may be traumatized for life due to their newfound fear of sex. So let's not do that.
:rnouilleshock: Wha- I-... what??!

>>734134
>Dude, this is an asteroid with non-Euclidian gateways where the local religion is something between a talking maggot in the middle of dinner and a conglomerate of floating, self consuming digestive organs.
:rnouilleshock: Zat- zat is not my religion, I-...

>Do you REALLY want to find out what's pulsating, squirming, and/or currently consuming Nouille behind those bandages, or do you want to keep your sanity?
:rnouilleshock: ...

:rnouilleweirdedout: I'm going to go gazzer ze Koth residue now. Could you all go away?
>>
No. 734538 ID: 4854ef

To be fairly honest, we have no clue how we got here, we know Jack just fell unconscious due to the pain so I guess once he wakes up we'll go back to him? I think? This has never happened before we are just his head voices we've never gone into someone ELSE.

Also you may want to ignore some of the voices, they tend to be a bit... off when it comes to some things, he's learned to ignore some of it but I apologize in advance for some of the things you may hear.
>>
No. 734539 ID: 3663d3

>>734536
sorry, we don't have an off button, again, some in here are much weirder then others. and the religion talk is because a book jack had about earth religion transformed into a book about some... other religion.

also, you look cute and the guy saying otherwise is stupid.
>>
No. 734560 ID: 9f3729

>>734536
Don't worry, after the initial "haha look guys we're such weirdos!!" spurts we tend to stop being goobers and serious up.
Always good for a chuckle though, I tell hyu hwut.
Most of the time, anyhow.
And we're probably stuck here until plot happens and/or our good buddy one-nut wakes up.
Which, I should add, actually was a huge sacrifice. Dude gave up part of his reproductive system to save your friend and the one girl with no legs. I feel he'd appreciate the attempt to stress how big a thing that is.
>>
No. 734561 ID: b2d501

> Go away
No.

> That is NOT my religion
GOOD.

> How dare you-
Let's talk about something else.

1. What does this pilgrimage do?
2. How many others were with you when you started?
3. Are you from this asteroid or do you have your own planet?
4. Why are you all so afraid of humans? Sure we're violent sociopaths, but we're TALKATIVE and HUNGRY violent sociopaths. And we've seen WORSE. You could probably annex a small colony of our people if you gave them what they needed. Then you'd have an army.
5. What other species do you know of? We'd like intel on other cultures.
6. What type of progress do you use: magic or technology? We're tech-based, so we know our way around general subjects like basic algorithms and environmental / elemental analysis.
>>
No. 734567 ID: 372d9f

>Could you all go away?

HAH!

No
>>
No. 734568 ID: 8ec390

Well Jack can't come to the phone right now on account of being unconscious, sooo I think we're stuck here for the time being. Don't let us distract you though.
>>
No. 734598 ID: 6ebca4

>>734536
You did close the door. Lets hope loosing connection to jack doesn't mean something came through from hell.
>>
No. 735565 ID: e0d257
File 146844406607.png - (100.07KB , 1600x1200 , 201.png )
735565

>>734539
>also, you look cute and the guy saying otherwise is stupid.
:rnouilleembarrassed: Oh! Ah...

>>734560
>And we're probably stuck here until plot happens and/or our good buddy one-nut wakes up.
:rnouilleweirdedout: Okay zen... but do not be a gohoran.

>Which, I should add, actually was a huge sacrifice. Dude gave up part of his reproductive system to save your friend and the one girl with no legs. I feel he'd appreciate the attempt to stress how big a thing that is.
:rnouilledoubt: I 'zink it was for 'is own unoun more zan for mine, oui? But... I do understand 'is sacrifice.

:rnouilledowncast: I... I wish my unoun was not in such pain...

>>734561
:rnouilleangry: Wait, aren't you ze same one 'oo was going on about zat sex stuff?

:rnouilledoubt: ... Well, if you're not going to be a gohoran, I can answer what I can, I guess...


:rnouille: I am a leettle fuzzy on 'magic' and 'technology'... I 'zink magic ees closer? We use ze gifts of the Juan, ze... touched, ze... special? I am a Juan myself. Alzough I was not... no, nevermind.

:rnouilledoubt: I do not know of ze other races, only 'umans- who I was told to stay away from. Not because we are scared, but because 'umans are rude, crass, and unintelligent, so my people say. Alzough we 'ave only seen ze females of 'umans before, perhaps 'uman males act with more dignity.

:rnouille: And I was scared of Jack because I thought 'e was ze Yozana, 'e fit ze stories... but I do not think 'e is, not anymore.

:rnouilledowncast: What else... oh, you asked where we are from? I was born here, but my people are from anozer place, like everyone 'ere.
>>
No. 735566 ID: 79a07e

>>735565
We very much appreciate the answers, that tells us some interesting stuff. So races here were *brought* here...I wonder how? And for what purpose, if any.

Also, kome is kind of a...known entity among us voices. He's...he just says things. You'll learn when to ignore him and when to listen sooner than later, I imagine.

So, then. Hope you're holding up well enough, all things considered. I'm curious about your people, and what this 'Yozana' is. It sounds dangerous.
>>
No. 735573 ID: 3663d3

hmm... sounds like this place is a dimensional way-station of sorts.

other then the pink goo see about a sewing kit, a uh, needle with a loop on the back for thread and the thread that goes with it. to seal the holes and stuff in our friend's flesh.
>>
No. 735580 ID: 3009b4

>>735565
>I 'zink it was for 'is own unoun more zan for mine, oui? But... I do understand 'is sacrifice.

Actually she's not even his unoun. I'm the voice that suggested the sacrifice in the first place rather than mess around with buttons and potentially do more damage. I'd like to think he agreed because he knew it was the right thing to do rather than leave them to a more horrible fate.

You are cute though.

>I do not know of ze other races, only 'umans- who I was told to stay away from. Not because we are scared, but because 'umans are rude, crass, and unintelligent, so my people say. Alzough we 'ave only seen ze females of 'umans before, perhaps 'uman males act with more dignity.

There's only a few physical differences between males and females, modified by culture. Every human has its own personality and are influenced to various degrees by the people around them, so it's likely that the humans your people have encountered are either simply alien or just from a bad sample.

We're going to need to know what a "Yozana" is. If you can summarize the stories it would help. Is it a type of human?
>>
No. 735587 ID: 3663d3

>>735580
good points.

>>735565
the human world's surface is taken up by about 70% water with masses of land in it.

the land is varied and sometimes human tribes can get isolated and they get weird. last i checked there is actually still one island with a tribe that tries to kill any outsiders that show up. since they respond to anyone that is not part of their tribe with death the only way to make them stop is to kill them all first, but the less kill crazy humans don't want to kill them all because they aren't kill crazy. so your first encounter with humans could have been with a crazy tribe that has disappeared since then.
>>
No. 735596 ID: 358228

Show me on this spaghetti noodle where this 'Juan' touched you.
>>
No. 735628 ID: b2d501

>>735565
> Perhaps human males act with more dignity
@#$% NO. Definitely NOT. I'm just one of the strange guys on the local roster, you have NOT seen how disturbing the others can get. Regardless of gender, dignity is NOT one of our core virtues.

Even then, most of our hysteria can be attributed to fear of Eldritch elements. We're not hard-wired to accept outsiders, unless we've been given a full-blown explanation about their culture and motives. Usually, our fear of being murdered by aliens FIRST results in fields of chopped up corpses and an extended drive to advance in weapons development. This has happened too many times and as a result, most humans will freak out if they are stuck on another world, or even another continent, hence the stories.

>>735587
Like this guy said, our planet is filled with various 'islands', each with their own ecosystem and human civilization. The cultural differences got so bad that almost all encounters with previously unknown tribes and/or nations began with subjugation, war, or even a massive purge of the faction with a lower attack rating.

The good news is, we, the local (and retarded) federation known as the United Nations, are almost out of unknown tribes / countries to freak out over and commit war crimes on. The bad news is that we're also almost out of places to harvest resources that are not death sentences and not owned by someone else. And now our weapon progression has gone up to Asteroid Destroyer class but our transportation systems SUCK. So yes, we have a problem and may die out soon. Maybe that's why we're in such a bad mood as a species?
>>
No. 735629 ID: 3663d3

>>735628
.........................

>>735565
see what we have to deal with in this group?
>>
No. 735631 ID: 3009b4

I should also add that Kome is a lunatic so take everything he says with a grain of salt.
>>
No. 737294 ID: e0d257
File 146904934351.png - (129.00KB , 1600x1200 , 202.png )
737294

>>735566
>I'm curious about your people, and what this 'Yozana' is.
:rnouilledoubt: My people... we are... I do not know where to begin...

:rnouille: Alzough I can tell you about ze Yozana. 'E is a 'uman, ze only male 'uman on ze Rock. 'E is tall, but weak, with a ring of ze blackness of 'is mind polluting 'is face.

:rnouilleangry: We know 'im to be a coward, but 'e's dangerous and sneaky and a cheater. We hate ze Yozana.

>>735580
>Actually she's not even his unoun.
:rnouillesurprise: I do not know if you know what zat word means. It is, like... ze bigger family. A member of ze... group? She is 'uman, so she is 'is unoun, no?

>>735587
>>735628
>the land is varied and sometimes human tribes can get isolated and they get weird. last i checked there is actually still one island with a tribe that tries to kill any outsiders that show up. since they respond to anyone that is not part of their tribe with...
>The good news is, we, the local (and retarded) federation known as the United Nations, are almost out of unknown tribes / countries to freak out over and commit war crimes on. The bad news is that we're also almost out of places to harvest resources that are not death sentences and not owned by someone else...
:rnouilleconfused: O- oh... okay..?


>>735573
>other then the pink goo see about a sewing kit, a uh, needle with a loop on the back for thread and the thread that goes with it. to seal the holes and stuff in our friend's flesh.
:rnouille: Yes, zat I can do! I saw zis kit in 'is memories, I will take it if I see it.
>>
No. 737295 ID: e0d257
File 146904935037.png - (107.02KB , 1600x1200 , 203.png )
737295

>>
No. 737296 ID: e0d257
File 146904935844.png - (179.18KB , 1600x1200 , 204.png )
737296

:rnouilledoubt: Now... 'ow do I gazzer ze Koth residue if I cannot touch ze Koth residue?... Before, I soaked ze rabe in it, but I cannot carry it like zat, it would drip!
>>
No. 737297 ID: 9f3729

>>737296
squeeze the rag into a container? find a thing to use as gloves first
>>
No. 737298 ID: 358228

The van must have some empty containers in it that you can collect the residue in. The rabe will do for gathering it again.
>>
No. 737299 ID: 3663d3

are a few containers in the van, find one with something harmless in it to empty. careful, some contain extremely potent cleaning fluids that would cause burning pain if it gets in a wound.
>>
No. 737369 ID: b2d501

Okay, Jack's a pharmacist, so that includes pills and SYRINGES!

Look around for a first aid kit: a small box with either a red cross or a red staff with... erm... snakes. That contains the core medical supplies and instruction manuals we need to fix those two up. Look inside the first aid kit and the van for two other things: any containers that rattle when shaken, hopefully one of them has "TYLENOL", and a small tube with a needle sticking out on one end and a piston on the other. Those can be used to carry small substances of vials, just push the syringe in to empty it and pull it out while the needle is in the goo to extract it. Just... make sure the tube doesn't have something inside.

Oh, and standard American medicine doesn't accept living animals as medicine, so none of it bites back. Just make sure that anything labeled "BIOTICS" is stored in a cool area.
>>
No. 737549 ID: 3009b4

>Alzough I can tell you about ze Yozana. 'E is a 'uman, ze only male 'uman on ze Rock. 'E is tall, but weak, with a ring of ze blackness of 'is mind polluting 'is face.

OK that explains why you were so hostile to Jack initially.

> We know 'im to be a coward, but 'e's dangerous and sneaky and a cheater. We hate ze Yozana.

Our Jack isn't dangerous as far as we know, and isn't a cheater because he gave up one of his sexual reproductive organs in order to save two others, and it hurt like hell. Actually that would ALSO eliminate the 'coward' title too, wouldn't it?

>I do not know if you know what zat word means. It is, like... ze bigger family. A member of ze... group? She is 'uman, so she is 'is unoun, no?

Humans don't work that way. He didn't even know her real name until recently, so no -- she's not his unoun. He saved her because it was the right thing to do.

I agree with the others -- there's got to be a suitable container inside the van. Just be careful -- there might be new scavengers inside since we've seen it last.
>>
No. 737574 ID: ed6b14

>>737549
Pretty sure by "unoun" Nouille meant species.
>>
No. 737605 ID: 3009b4

>>737574
I was under the impression it implied "Tribe".
>>
No. 737862 ID: e0d257
File 146922125094.png - (179.68KB , 1600x1200 , 205.png )
737862

>>737549
>>737574
>>737605
>I was under the impression it implied "Tribe".
:rnouille: Oui, I zink 'Tribe' is closest, zat sounds right. Thank you!

:rnouilledoubt: Ze... ze thing I do to take language, it is not parfait. When I get back I am going to take one more look inzide 'is 'ead to patch up ze gaps, I 'zink.

>>737369
:rnouille: Alright, I will grab anyzing like zat I see, but first, ze koth residue. I know zat will work.


:rnouilleconfused: Oh la la, it is dark in 'ere.
>>
No. 737882 ID: 8a13c1

Green box(trashcan?) to the right of the silver square(laptop), left of the blue barrels(water and sewage barrels) might be good to use depending on what's in it. That or check in the large standing box container(fridge?) for anything you might be able to use.

>take one more look inzide 'is 'ead to patch up ze gaps
Be sure to ask first. It might be considered rude. You could also ask his friend; she should have the same/similar use of language. (depending on how much french gets used/erased. I think the accent is cute though)
>>
No. 737979 ID: 3009b4

>Oui, I zink 'Tribe' is closest, zat sounds right. Thank you!

Humans don't use a single tribal system -- it's more like a layered system of tribes depending on individuals, circumstances and geography. Even in this extreme situation, just because someone's human doesn't make that person part of Jack's tribe. What I'm saying is -- it's OK to be suspicious of humans but don't assume they're a threat either. Don't be hostile but don't take your eyes off them either.

Anyhow, the silver box with the symbol might provide some light if you open it. Otherwise a bin's a bin, right? We don't need to be fancy.
>>
No. 737981 ID: 9f3729

Perfect. Parfait is a kind of food.
As for what do, I'm seeing some assorted rags and buckets. Go through them, find the cleanest one, then sop it up and squeeze into a bucket with another clean rag stretched over the top to filter out the dirt.
>>
No. 740061 ID: e0d257
File 147009039144.png - (180.89KB , 1600x1200 , 206.png )
740061

>>737981
>Perfect. Parfait is a kind of food.
:rnouille: Oui, I saw zat, but according to 'im, c'est also 'perfect'. Zis is why zey call ze food 'Parfait', no?

>>737979
>Humans don't use a single tribal system -- it's more like a layered system of tribes depending on individuals, circumstances and geography. Even in this extreme situation, just because someone's human doesn't make that person part of Jack's tribe. What I'm saying is -- it's OK to be suspicious of humans but don't assume they're a threat either. Don't be hostile but don't take your eyes off them either.
:rnouilledoubt: We do not use a single tribe eizer! I meant, she is... nevermind, it is, ah, lost in translation?

>Anyhow, the silver box with the symbol might provide some light if you open it.
:rnouille: Now, 'ow do you open 'zis...
>>
No. 740062 ID: e0d257
File 147009042280.png - (349.83KB , 1600x1200 , 207.png )
740062

:rnouillesurprise: Oh! 'Zere it goes.
>>
No. 740063 ID: e0d257
File 147009045535.png - (388.80KB , 1600x1200 , 208.png )
740063

>>737882
>(depending on how much french gets used/erased. I think the accent is cute though)
:rnouille: Oh, no, it does not work 'zat way. I 'ave it now. 'Ze accent is by choice, I saw 'zat 'zis is an acceptable way to speak and it is closer to my own language. So I use it! C'est confortable.

:rjack: I don't have to speak with an accent, though. I can actually do a lot with words. Like use someone else's voice. It's part of my juan.

:rnouille: But anyway...

>>737882
>Green box(trashcan?)
:rnouille: Oui, 'zat will work. Alzough I 'ope none of 'zis stuff is important.
>>
No. 740064 ID: e0d257
File 147009046561.png - (323.36KB , 1600x1200 , 209.png )
740064

>>
No. 740065 ID: e0d257
File 147009047526.png - (409.45KB , 1600x1200 , 210.png )
740065

:rnouille: Ah... 'zis is not very fast. I 'ope zey are 'anging in still...
>>
No. 740067 ID: 358228

Huh. Why did he put an apple on it, then..?
Close the silver box, that light won't last forever. You don't need it now anyway.
>>
No. 740088 ID: b2d501

>>740063
Jack, you awake? We're almost done- wait...
>>740062
You're using a Windows OS... on a MAC? Ugh, whatever. Do you want Nouille to bring your laptop back to base?

>>740063
Don't worry Nouille, it's just trash.

Grab as many non-empty bottles as you can, the van might get raided in the future.
>>
No. 740093 ID: 9f3729

>>740067
Knowing him, probably for hipster credibility. To get sex.

That or as a silly joke.
>>
No. 740095 ID: 505f10

The very small orange containers (pill bottles) that were in the trash might be useful for the future. (Tiny water/airtight containers could be useful for something, right? No idea what for now though) Put them in the silver bowl to keep them separate.
>>
No. 740118 ID: 3663d3

>>740088
pssst, she was copying his voice.

>>740065
not much you can do to speed this up other then getting more of it at once with a bigger cloth, but that risks you touching it.
>>
No. 740567 ID: e0d257
File 147043812025.png - (324.40KB , 1600x1200 , 211.png )
740567

>>740088
>>740095
>The very small orange containers (pill bottles) that were in the trash might be useful for the future.
>>
No. 740568 ID: e0d257
File 147043813628.png - (419.33KB , 1600x1200 , 212.png )
740568

>>
No. 740569 ID: e0d257
File 147043814557.png - (421.44KB , 1600x1200 , 213.png )
740569

:rnouille: Is 'zere anyzing else you 'zink I should quickly grab?
>>
No. 740574 ID: 25c66e

Your boobs.
>>
No. 740583 ID: 856712

>>740569
The light we're using, it's a pretty useful tool
>>
No. 740587 ID: 7d01b5

Wait, can you grab thing from the past then?
>>
No. 740592 ID: 505f10

Would we need to grab any food or water? It's been a couple hours since the dude has come in.

>>740583
Make sure to close it so it doesn't get used up.

A pocket dimension? That's pretty useful.
>>
No. 740603 ID: b2d501

Okay, we did NOT know you had a Pocket Dimension. We don't have a firm grasp on magic, we didn't even know you were a sorceress! From this point on, please explain any abilities and tools that you have learned which require more than physical effort.

Looks like you can carry more than we thought. Grab the silver box (close it first), any pill bottles you find, and check every drawer for tiny objects that bend or are metal. They're worth more than you think. Also, look for books and stacks of paper.
>>
No. 740625 ID: 3009b4

>>740574
Please ignore this person. Not all of us are crude.
>>
No. 740631 ID: 358228

>>740574
Please consider this person. Not all of us are so creative.
>>
No. 741149 ID: 3009b4

Take the thing you're currently using for light. One never knows when one might need a light source.
>>
No. 741152 ID: 595d54

>>740625
>elitism
Nah.
>>
No. 741310 ID: c43722

Well, that's a very useful ability you've got there. Does that portal you made lead to some place on this world, or does it go to some kind of extra-dimensional spatial pocket separate from it? And how often can you open it and how taxing is it on you to do so?

Oh, dammit, guys, we forgot about the Tylenol Jack wanted. Hey, Nouille, could you look for the bottle of Tylenol in here... Oh, wait, did you also pick up how to read English from linking with Jack's mind or was it only spoken language you got? Well, either way I'll describe the bottle, just so you know what to look for. It'll be a opaque plastic bottle roughly the same size or slightly bigger than the empty pill bottles, probably white with likely a mostly red label. Jack didn't tell us where it was in here, but it's most likely in one of the storage compartments or pockets up front.

Could you also grab a shirt, a pair of pants and a belt. Those will be for Katie so she'll get some modicum of modesty back. Plus, putting her severed lower half in the pants and cinching the top with a belt will make carrying it easier.

Close and take the light source too, but be careful when handling it. It's a fragile device. And you've probably figured it's more than just a lamp, so I'll tell you it's a portable information storage and processing machine called a 'laptop computer,' just so you know the correct name for later. But before you put it away, look at the edges of it for rectangular sockets, then look in the vehicle for short cables with a plugs on the end that would fit in there, but have a smaller plug on the other end. One of those can be used to transfer power from the laptop to the phone Jack is carrying. I dunno where they'd be, though. If that black thing that was leaning against the laptop is some kind of storage thing, maybe it's in there. But even if it's not, put it in your portal cache anyway.

Oh, and there's also the sewing kit we asked about. No idea where it would be in here, though. Maybe in with the clothes?

Hey, remember when Jack asked you if you'd taken anything from the rear of this vehicle? I dunno if he told you later, but three vital parts of the engine back there are missing. Without them, this van isn't going to be moving on it's own. So, since you didn't take them, it probably happened before you came across the van. Where did you find the van, and was there any sign anybody else had found it before you and taken anything from it?
>>
No. 741359 ID: 650554

Do you mind explaining what you are exactly to us? We use things called "loan words," words that are too specific to a language that we borrow. We learned that ounoun is closer to a tribe, but that doesn't mean it IS a tribe, just that the human English word would closest describe unoun as tribe.

In our culture, you would be closest to a naga, which is a mythical creature with, well, a human top half and a snake bottom half. Snakes are -- fuck it, if you have questions about this, you'll ask right?
>>
No. 741373 ID: e0d257
File 147086977615.png - (313.46KB , 1600x1200 , 214.png )
741373

>>740574
>>740625
>>740631
>(Grab) your boobs.
:rnouilleembarrassed: I, uhm...!

>>740603
>Okay, we did NOT know you had a Pocket Dimension. We don't have a firm grasp on magic, we didn't even know you were a sorceress! From this point on, please explain any abilities and tools that you have learned which require more than physical effort.
:rnouille: I said I was a juan! C'est... close to sorceress? No? But 'zis is not my... 'magic', it is...

:rnouille: My juan is words, 'zat is what I am good at. 'Zis is someone else's juan. I do not even know what it can do, except open 'zis 'ole, and burn ozzer 'oles.

>>741359
>Do you mind explaining what you are exactly to us?
:rnouille: I am... we are ze Vir'Kos. It means "soil we", or, ze people of Earth? Not your planet, ze other Earth. Does 'zat make sense?


>Grab the laptop
>Grab the pill bottles
>Grab tiny objects from drawers
>Grab food and water
>Grab the tylenol
>Grab shirt and pants and a belt
>Grab the sewing kit

:rnouilleconfused: ...Oui, I will take what I can, but I do not know if I will recognize 'zis all, or even know where to look! You will 'ave to 'elp me with ze
>>
No. 741374 ID: e0d257
File 147086978602.png - (24.66KB , 1600x1200 , 215.png )
741374

>>
No. 741375 ID: e0d257
File 147086980147.png - (261.00KB , 1600x1200 , 216.png )
741375

:rjackthinking: What- where am I? Ow... what's going on?

:rkatieconfused: Fucking balls, this is way harder than I thought...!
>>
No. 741379 ID: 24100f

>>741375
...is there a reason you're carving a bloody triangle into my flesh?

That's either earth, or an incomplete six pointed star.
>>
No. 741380 ID: e0d257

Updated the reference sheet with a few more tidbits/adjustments, including what's known of the alien language.

http://pastebin.com/0QbTd5Ew

>>
No. 741383 ID: b0a883

>>741375
Is that like an alchemy symbol for Air or earth? Kinda looks like one.
>>
No. 741384 ID: 87ef20

"What part of this did you ever think could possibly be a good idea?"
>>
No. 741423 ID: b2d501

Katie's possessed, HEADBUTTT
>>
No. 741525 ID: 505f10

>>741380
As a question, does at least a chunk of the alien language/writing translate into real words? (for example the opening text and notes) If so, I'd want to try to translate/decrypt it.
It looks like a neat mix between Spanish, French, and maybe Dutch or something. That or similarities might be coincidental. I feel like I might have asked this before actually, but I don't remember.

>>741375
Kindly ask her what the fuck she is doing.
Is the big guy still around/awake?
>>
No. 741738 ID: 3009b4

>>741423

She might not be possessed.

She could be the reason why we're out here in the first place. Stop her from doing what she's doing.
>>
No. 741739 ID: 505f10

Worked on it some, most of the stuff seems like simple sentences, which makes it a fair bit easier. Not much of it is really useful to know(we could tell by the pictures/flow of the scene. Which you did a great job on Nobody), witht he exception of the opening, and >>734043
this bit.
So far on that one I got Qua(what) kos(we)'fais? Kos(We) bete(caused), salat(pain) bete(caused)... desol, moseni, kos(we) desol, kos(we) nor fais...
Btw, Moseni/Mosani might be a religious thing. In the first thread she was going 'protect us Mosani' when the blob showed up. The dude referred to Nouille as Moseni a couple of times. With her having powers and it being a tribe thing, she might be a kind of priestess or something? We never did get to asking her about the religion.


The words that would help the most to find out would be Desol, Fais, and Sys. I cant find anything that fits as well as the other words tend to for Desol, I can't find one that fits all the situations for Fais, and no clue whatsoever for Sys. As is I can't make anymore headway without a lot of guesses/checking to see if it fits all situations, so I'm gonna leave translating of that language til later. Will work on the first quest intro next. It seems like it might be a cypher instead of a word replacement. If y'all want any of my notes/translating for a bit just point to it.
>>
No. 741741 ID: 505f10

Worked on it some, most of the stuff seems like simple sentences, which makes it a fair bit easier. Not much of it is really useful to know(we could tell by the pictures/flow of the scene. Which you did a great job on Nobody), witht he exception of the opening, and >>734043
this bit.
So far on that one I got 'Qua kos'fais? Kos bete, salat bete... desol, moseni, kos desol, kos nor fais...' 'What we'fais? We caused, pain caused...desol, Moseni, we desol, we nor fais...'
Btw, Moseni/Mosani might be a religious thing. In the first thread she was going 'protect us Mosani' when the blob showed up. The dude referred to Nouille as Moseni a couple of times. With her having powers and it being a tribe thing, she might be a kind of priestess or something? We never did get to asking her about the religion.


The words that would help the most to find out would be Desol, Fais, and Sys. I cant find anything that fits as well as the other words tend to for Desol, I can't find one that fits all the situations for Fais, and no clue whatsoever for Sys. As is I can't make anymore headway without a lot of guesses/checking to see if it fits all situations, so I'm gonna leave translating of that language til later. Will work on the first quest intro next. It seems like it might be a cypher instead of a word replacement. If y'all want any of my notes/translating for a bit just point to it.
>>
No. 741768 ID: 2a7417

>>741738
HEADBUTT
>>
No. 741849 ID: e0d257
File 147103908384.png - (195.95KB , 1600x1200 , 217.png )
741849

>>741768
>>741423
>HEADBUTT
:rjackscared: Screw that! Do I look like some kind of wrestler or something to you?

>>741384
>"What part of this did you ever think could possibly be a good idea?"
:rjackscared: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?

:rkatiescared: Woah! Hey! Hey hey hey wait, I'm just trying to help!

>>741738
>She could be the reason why we're out here in the first place.
:rjackscared: Oh, shit, did I just free the bitch who dragged me to whatever fresh hell this place is?


:runounburnedfreed2: Uuaaghn, kos Tona... kos moseni volor kos maldas...
>>
No. 741850 ID: e0d257

>>741525
>>741739
>>741741
The first opening and the first few updates with Nouille are vaguely alien sounding gibberish with a few rules to make it sound coherent. I didn't think anybody would care enough to actually try and translate it, until people did, and I had to make up an actual (if really basic) language.

Not all of your translations are on point (if you could have had heard instead of read 'salat bete', her tone would have told you it's more likely an insult), but you can always just ask Nouille. She's fluent in both languages now.

>>
No. 741853 ID: 24100f

>Woah! Hey! Hey hey hey wait, I'm just trying to help!
"Explain, please, quickly."

Give her a chance to try and come up with a reasonable explanation before we condemn her, so long as you're out of reach and she's not trying anything.

On the plus side (sort of) even if she's some kind of devil worshiping warlock, she's not a very competent one, since I very much doubt she intended to get herself trapped in hell and bisected. So even in the worst case, she's not as much of a threat as she could be. (Although, by the same token, if she got you here, it's not very likely she's going to be able to get you back).
>>
No. 741895 ID: b2d501

Don't worry about intimidating Katie, all you need to do is threaten to bisect her entrails multiple times.

But yeah, an explanation would be appreciated. Doesn't look like the Sigil of Invulnerability.
>>
No. 741901 ID: c6dc19

Do we really even need to take all that many precautions with this girl? She has no legs after all. Its not like she could do much to us if we take a few steps away.


Ask her to explain herself. Maybe cutting into your flesh with a matressspring had its reasons
>>
No. 741964 ID: 3663d3

maybe she saw the symbol that made her immortal?
>>
No. 741972 ID: be8da4

>>741849
She was carving something into your flesh with a bed spring. In what reality does that count as "help?"
>>
No. 741982 ID: 7b7ab3

>>741853
This.
>>
No. 742924 ID: e0d257
File 147146682275.png - (134.88KB , 1600x1200 , 218.png )
742924

>>741901
>Do we really even need to take all that many precautions with this girl? She has no legs after all. Its not like she could do much to us if we take a few steps away.
:rjackthinking: Yeah, well, probably... I don't know man, I've honestly never been in any kind of fight before, 'cept when I kept getting beaten up in high school. I'm pretty sure a child could take me down, my strengths are not in my MANLY PHYSIQUE. So maybe I overreacted, so sue me.

>>741972
:rjackangry: In what reality is cutting into my goddamn stomach with a bedspring "helping"?!

:rkatieconfused: It's what that shitass dickweed did to me! And then my shit stopped hurting so bad, so I tried it on you, and you're not like, moaning all the time, so it worked, right?

:rjacksurprised: Well, actually... it doesn't hurt as bad...

:rkatiebloodsmeared: Yeah, see? There's, like, two more I was gonna try too, I kinda figured they have to do, I don't know... something?
>>
No. 742941 ID: 3abd97

>>742924
...okay, I guess that makes sense, but I'm not exactly jumping to test out creepy satanic blood magic.

The triangle one helps with pain, I'd guess the others are probably why you're still alive?
>>
No. 742945 ID: e89427

>>742941

You know, with the amount of bruising her internal organs must suffer from crawling and being dragged around, I can't imagine she'd be alive for long without any supplementary magic.
>>
No. 742985 ID: 505f10

She seems surprisingly empathetic for someone who is in two pieces. Speaking of, we should maybe do something about that. Any way you could coil her bits back in? A tight blanket or sheet might be enough to keep her from coming farther apart once she's in one piece. Or it might help her cover her chest. How does her bottom half work at the moment too; can she feel it? Can she move it at all? How much blood is she presently letting out?
>>
No. 742987 ID: b2d501

This wasn't a good idea.

It seems Katie meant well, but she's applying runes she doesn't understand. What if one of them enslaves the target? Or makes them explode from a remote detonator? Or mutate as they take psychological damage? Or heal the target by mutating them? What if it makes the target's body incapable of healing ever again? Too many possibilities and the price to learn is NOT something I would recommend giving.

I'm guessing that one of the other runes is keeping her alive. Unoun might have his own set. In any case, do NOT use them on Unoun before Nouille gets back with the painkiller. We don't know what the runes will do to a different species.
>>
No. 743009 ID: 1d4e27

I think I'd prefer to keep it at the one rune for now. His situation isn't as dire as... hers. Does the big guy have any of these runes? Do any of these runes seem to have altered her senses?
>>
No. 743846 ID: 3663d3

move her ass away from the portal wall, so it doesn't get splinched.
>>
No. 743963 ID: e0d257
File 147189985589.png - (141.40KB , 1600x1200 , 219.png )
743963

>>742945
>You know, with the amount of bruising her internal organs must suffer from crawling and being dragged around, I can't imagine she'd be alive for long without any supplementary magic.
:rjackthinking: Yeah. There's definitely no fucking way she's not still alive without some kind of dickery going on.

>>742985
>A tight blanket or sheet might be enough to keep her from coming farther apart once she's in one piece.
:rjackthinking: Well, we had some sheets. But that pink blob thing ate them, remember?

>>743846
>move her ass away from the portal wall, so it doesn't get splinched.
:rjackthinking: I don't think it's working any more, the door's been opened and closed and the wall's still there.


:rjacknervous: Look, thank you, but just the one rune is good. Seriously, no more. Now that my balls don't feel like someone's twisting them off with a monkey wrench, I'm more concerned about you.

:rkatehappyb: Dude, you-

:rkatedisgusted: Ugh. God, if I never taste blood again...

:rkateadoring: whatever. Dude, you saved my ass. I so didn't fucking think I was gonna get out of there, and you got me out, and... like, oh my god. Anything I can do for you!

:rjacknervous: Are you... you seem pretty happy for someone in two pieces.

:rkatesad: What? Oh, yeah. I mean... it's not that bad.

:rkatehappy: I mean, check this out! Boom, kick! I'm totally still in control of them! Like, I got no idea how the shit that works, but I mean, if we sew my ass back on... good as new, right?

:rkatesad: Plus, I'm trying... I'm trying to stay positive. 'Cause, like... I mean, fuck, they got cut off like hours ago, the fuck am I gonna do about it now?
>>
No. 743967 ID: 3abd97

>I mean, fuck, they got cut off like hours ago, the fuck am I gonna do about it now?
I dunno, if we found some kind of surgeon, they could put you back in one piece so you could walk and stuff. And the whole "creepy magic keeping you alive" thing lowers the bar a lot.
>>
No. 743974 ID: 4854ef

Out of curiosity, how the hell are you feeling your legs, is it like a detached sensation or like nothings changed at all?

Anyways, I wonder if we could somehow.. tie her together? Maybe? Well maybe once she gets back with some stuff. She's got a point, she's already cut in half, no point really worrying past that since it's already happened.

Oh yeah We forgot to mention in all the panic of her runemarking you, we uh.. Somehow managed to end up in Snake Lady's head, she even heard us, talked to us, and is bringing back supplies from your home car.
>>
No. 744000 ID: b2d501

> What am I going to do about it?
... Barring the obvious, I'd say we should focus on stitching you back in one piece. Not the prettiest solution, but they could have dissected you WORSE and you know it.
>>
No. 744052 ID: 3663d3

well, lets see what happens if we put the ends back together. maybe it will heal if it's actually touching. but... hmmm.. getting intestine to coil properly is hard, you need to make sure it all fits in and has no kinks.
>>
No. 744215 ID: e0d257
File 147207130666.png - (138.81KB , 1600x1200 , 220.png )
744215

>>743974
>Oh yeah We forgot to mention in all the panic of her runemarking you, we uh.. Somehow managed to end up in Snake Lady's head, she even heard us, talked to us, and is bringing back supplies from your home car.
:rjackthinking: Wait... what? How... you couldn't possibly have... oh. Oh.

:rjacknervous: Oh, shit. I'm going off the deep end, aren't I? My hallucinatory voices are finally starting to talk total bullshit, try to tell me impossible stuff. That's- that is just wonderful. Now I have to start taking what you say with a grain of salt, before you start telling me to eat people and burn shit down.

:rkateshock: Are you okay? You look weird.

:rjacknervous: What? Oh, yeah, don't worry about it.

:rjacksurprised: I was just thinking... we really gotta stitch you up. I have a needle and thread in-

:rkatereally: What? Like, for making frilly dresses and shit?

:rjack: What? No-! I'm--... I'm self sufficient, I repair my own-

:rkatehappy: I'm pulling your leg, dude! I'm totally okay with you having a gay-ass hobby like sewing, 'cause at least now one of us can do it.
>>
No. 744216 ID: e0d257
File 147207131687.png - (189.07KB , 1600x1200 , 221.png )
744216

:rjack2: Yeah, well... I need to go get the kit from my van.

:rkateshock: You drove here??

:rjack: No, it came with me. I don't know how it did, but it did. Are you going to be alright here on your own?

:rstranger2: ...captain's wife was Ma-ble, and By God was she Ab-le!

:rkate: I'll be... do you hear that?

:rstranger4: To give the crew their daily screw, upon the bar room ta-ble!

:rjacksurprised: Yeah, who the fuck...

:rstranger1: And the captain's daughter Char-lotte, was born and bred a har-lot...
>>
No. 744224 ID: 3abd97

>Oh, shit. I'm going off the deep end, aren't I? My hallucinatory voices are finally starting to talk total bullshit, try to tell me impossible stuff. That's- that is just wonderful. Now I have to start taking what you say with a grain of salt, before you start telling me to eat people and burn shit down.
Rawr. Eat people, burn stuff down.

Dude, seriously, this is a good thing. We told you something that's testable. You can talk to her when she gets back, and see if what we just told you is true for yourself. Which will prove to you, once and for all, if we're hallucinations or something independent of yourself helping you.

>>744216
Where's the singing coming from?
>>
No. 744232 ID: 505f10

Unknown people singing rhyming songs is never a good thing. Close the door, look through the blinds.
>>
No. 744236 ID: 4854ef

At least... Four by my measure? Either way, close door, drag her somewhere that isn't as visible.
>>
No. 744237 ID: b2d501

ADVENTURING PARTY! Barricade the door and barter through the window!
>>
No. 744238 ID: 1d4e27

Eat people! Burn shit down!

Now, where was I? ...Oh, yeah. Pirates! Batten down the hatches!
>>
No. 744258 ID: e89427

GRAB THE TRUSTY CROWBAR AND SEE WHAT IT IS.
>>
No. 744588 ID: e0d257
File 147225176975.png - (210.63KB , 1600x1200 , 222.png )
744588

>>744224
>Which will prove to you, once and for all, if we're hallucinations or something independent of yourself helping you.
:rjackthinking: ...That is true. Alright, fine. I'll ask her when I see her. She already knows I'm crazy anyway, she's heard you all in my head before.

:rstranger5: Her thighs of night were milky white, by morning they were scar-let!

:runounburnedfreed: Et yan'on bete! Salat kos!

:rstranger4: ON the good ship Venus! By Christ you should've seen us!

:rstranger1: The figure-head was a whore in bed, sucking a dead man's penis!
>>
No. 744589 ID: e0d257
File 147225180138.png - (134.44KB , 1600x1200 , 223.png )
744589

>>744232
>Close the door, look through the blinds.
:rjackthinking: The window is boarded up from the outside, there's no point.

KNOCK

KNOCK

rattlerattle


>>744236
>At least... Four by my measure? Either way, close door, drag her somewhere that isn't as visible.
>>744258
>GRAB THE TRUSTY CROWBAR
:rjacknervous: Remember how I just seconds ago said I'm not a goddamn fighter? ... Well, it's better than nothing. God knows pretty much everything I've met so far has tried to kill me one way or another.

:rstranger3: ...Anybody in there?
>>
No. 744591 ID: 9f3729

>>744589
"Depends! Are you of murderous inclination?"
>>
No. 744597 ID: 3abd97

>Anybody in there?
...No?
>>
No. 744598 ID: 3663d3

if we are silent they will probably just try to bust in anyway. so ask who they are and what they want.
>>
No. 744599 ID: b2d501

Stay quiet for now, but if they look through the windows, push Unoun's charred teeth-face to the blinds and act in your creepiest voice. Be the creepy shopkeeper like in all those horror rougelike video games!
>>
No. 744714 ID: 1d4e27

Initiate friendly greeting.

'Who the fuck are you?'
>>
No. 745196 ID: e0d257
File 147250023698.png - (134.14KB , 1600x1200 , 224.png )
745196

>>744599
>Stay quiet for now, but if they look through the windows, push Unoun's charred teeth-face to the blinds and act in your creepiest voice.
:rjackthinking: Yeah, I don't know if he'll let me do that. I don't think he likes me very much right now.


:rjacknervous: Who are you and what do you want?

:rstranger4: There you are! Knew you were in there, newbies usually stay put. I wanted to welcome you to Rock! Explain the rules, tell you what's around, all that jazz!

:rstranger1: You wanna do me a favour and open this door?

:rjacknervous: Are you an alien? Why are you speaking English, what's going on?

:rstranger3: I'd love to explain! Just as soon as you open this door, my friend. I can't stand talking through doors, I want to see your face!
>>
No. 745197 ID: 1d4e27

Decline and stall for time. A tutorial only arriving after an entire thread is super suspicious.
>>
No. 745198 ID: ca0e20

>>745197
He did say that newbies usually stay put. Could have not been in a hurry with that logic.
>>
No. 745201 ID: 3009b4

Check with our charred umm... I'd say 'friend' but 'party member' might be a better term. His expression might be able to give you a cue.
>>
No. 745203 ID: 7b7ab3

DO. NOT. OPEN. THE. DOOR.

Whatever's out there means you no good.
>>
No. 745206 ID: 3abd97

>>745196
Sorry guys, the newbie is slow to trust, especially in light of the shit he's already seen.
>>
No. 745207 ID: 3663d3

open curtain
>>
No. 745293 ID: b2d501

Trade info. Make sure they don't go in the direction of your van, or they'll scavenge it for scrap.
>>
No. 745755 ID: e0d257
File 147285669155.png - (186.70KB , 1600x1200 , 225.png )
745755

>>745201
>Check with our charred umm... I'd say 'friend' but 'party member' might be a better term. His expression might be able to give you a cue.
:rjackthinking: He looks pretty pissed, but I'm not sure if that's at me or at the guy outside. He did sound pretty displeased when the other guy started talking, I dunno.

:rjack: So, what do you think of this guy?

:runounburnedfreed2: Qua?... Vos doucel es kos?

:rkate: I think he sounds like a fuckin' creeper. He's just got that, that, like... that sound, you know? Like, not even what he's saying, his sound. Like, his voice, or whatever.

>>745207
>open curtain
:rjack2: Man, I already said the other side is boarded off-

:rjacksurprised: oh shit, there actually is a little crack between the wood. Damn.
>>
No. 745756 ID: e0d257
File 147285670252.png - (167.98KB , 1600x1200 , 226.png )
745756

:rjack: Yeah, I'm not opening that door, alright? I don't know what you want, I don't know who you are- I'm staying in here.

:rstranger4: Hey, hey! I completely understand. It's a scary new place, scary new voice! But I ain't talking through the door, I gotta see a girl's face. Tell you what, doll- take your time, and when you're ready to talk and be serious, come find me before you do anything else.

:rstranger2: Go right, my place is down in Trenchtown. Big sign, "Double D's", you can't miss it. But, uh, do NOT go down any tunnels, or go near any holes, or anything that leads away from the sky. You're safe on the surface, pretty much, 'cept for those bird things on the mini-rocks, those will wreck you up for sure.

:rstranger1: But the real nasty shit is underground, so uh, stay topside, aight? Number one rule. Alright, cool. Take it easy, sleazy!
>>
No. 745759 ID: 7b0c21

So sand worms or a bigger land version of a bobbit worm. That's the vibe that I'm getting.
>>
No. 745760 ID: 3663d3

okay, uhhh, that last bit actually sounds good. still not enough for trust, giving someone a free sample to get their trust is a thing that even evil people do.
only thing i can think of to pass the time is intestine coiling.
>>
No. 745776 ID: c91f5b

This hell dimension has a town?

How do we know they wouldn't just want to upright eat you?

How does anything thrive here longer than a few days to begin with?!
>>
No. 745811 ID: e984de

>>745756
It thinks you're a girl?

... That's probably because there were other girls sent here from the whorehouse, right? Pretty sure that was a thing. Well, his town might be a place you can find other humans then. Ooooorrrr he might want to eat your face. Play it safe for now but you might want to keep it in mind?
>>
No. 745812 ID: 094652

That's nice. That's niiice.

Now wave goodbye and REINFORCE THE DOOR.
>>
No. 745830 ID: 3abd97

>>745811
Let's not correct it.
>>
No. 745972 ID: 3009b4

I think this dude's like a little C'thulu person.
>>
No. 746892 ID: e0d257
File 147328824071.png - (161.78KB , 1600x1200 , 227.png )
746892

>>745812
>Now wave goodbye and REINFORCE THE DOOR.
:rjackthinking: He's gone now, it's fine.

>>745811
>Well, his town might be a place you can find other humans then. Ooooorrrr he might want to eat your face. Play it safe for now but you might want to keep it in mind?
:rjackthinking: Well, having some clue about shit is better than knowing absolutely nothing about shit. We know there's a town there now, so we can avoid it, or we can go check it out later. Maybe... maybe if we can get this big bruiser dude back on his feet, or tail, we can get him to back us up.
>>
No. 746893 ID: e0d257
File 147328829212.png - (209.35KB , 1600x1200 , 228.png )
746893

:rkateshock: Uhm, what the hell are you doing?

:rjack: I'm looping your insides up, trying to get them all in one spot. So we can get them back inside you easier, right?

:rkatereally: Yeah, okay. But I thought you were going to get your gay sewing shit? Like, we were just talking about that like thirty fucking seconds ago, before that other dude came dicking around. Soooo, I kinda figured we'd go back to that so I can get all sewed up and not be scattered across the fucking floor.

:rjack: Right, but Nouille- that's that's the alien's name, she should be bringing supplies back to us.

:rkate: Uhm, so why didn't you say that before?

:rjacknervous: I... did not know then?

:rjackthinking: Fuck, fuck, fuck, I usually keep track of this shit, I should have just left anyway.

:rkateshock: So, like, in thirty seconds you... uh. Did,... did the voices tell you that?

:rjacknervous: Wait- what? What- what voices, heh, what are you talking about?

:rkate: That fat demon guy back there, the one with a cunt for a face, he said you were crazy. And, like, you didn't disagree, so... I don't really know how that works, but, like, I'm preeeetty sure whatever you're hearing is bullshit.

:rkatesad: I mean, I'm just, like... I didn't know when to bring this shit up, or, even like if I was going to, 'cause, like, I don't know how to deal with this head shit, dude. I'm not like some fancy ass brain doctor. I've never met anyone with schizophrenia before, I kinda thought that was for, like, you know, sweaty gross hobos. Not cute, cool guys like you.
>>
No. 746897 ID: 44bc30

Hey now, listen, that alien, Nouille, how do you think the understanding is going back and forth there? She put her hand on your head and, poof, suddenly she understood what you were trying to say. Freaky alien mind shit going on. Hearing voices doesn't necessarily mean you're crazy.

And hey, look, if you have voices in your head, then they're still part of you, right? It's still your mind, talking to itself. Everyone has conversations with themselves when they're thinking about something, everyone has had little moments they put together some observation about something that they didn't notice at the time, so some part of your brain had to have been working on it in the background up until then, if it manifests a little differently for you then yes maybe you're not entirely operating the same way most people do but it doesn't intrinsically mean that you're unreliable or dangerous or anything.
>>
No. 746900 ID: 18c950

Schizophrenia is way more complicated than just having voices in your head... but anyway, there's nothing wrong with hearing voices in your head, it's just crazy not to realize they're yours.
>>
No. 746904 ID: 094652

If national policy was to lock up everyone who seemed crazy, the nuthouses would be too crowded and staffed to get some real work done.

Some people are crazy, and then some people are threats. Society locks up or deals with anyone who shows signs of the latter, and mental institutions are for those who show signs of both. Otherwise, we'd lock up most of our artisans and the rest would go into hiding.
>>
No. 746911 ID: 9f3729

>>746893
"Well, lesson one is that mental illness is pretty much only an issue when people assume extreme versions of it are the norm. And lesson two is that I'm having a bit of a confused monologue inside about them possibly having swapped over to the snake woman for a bit and now I'm having doubts about whether or not the voices are actually standard schizo shit or if I've been haunted or some shit my whole life. I mean for fucks sake, HELL'S REAL, so why wouldn't magic fuckin' brain ghosts be?"

Or something to that effect.
>>
No. 746936 ID: 211d83

I am currently in some horrible nether dimension attempting to reassemble a dismembered lady.

The fact that you are not hearing the voices means that you are the strange one now.

Sadly having said that they will probably start talking to you shortly.
>>
No. 747042 ID: e984de

Eh. We still might be bullshit. Haven't actually verified that jaunt was real yet. Sooooo go ahead and use your own judgement here. We're not exactly unbiased.
>>
No. 747057 ID: 505f10

Things are weird here. Maybe a faulty antenna went from only picking up static to being able to receive a signal. We don't know shit about how this place works, with her present situation being the result of one part of it. There's a chance she's right, there's a chance she's wrong. We won't know for sure until Nouille comes back one way or the other. Either way, you shouldn't leave a pair of infirmed by themselves while all this shit is happening. They might get drafted into a pirate crew or attacked by a pink slime blob.

>Not cute, cool guys like you.
You've got a shot of making things steady if you wanted. Girls love a man that can take charge (and save them from a horrible dimension of torture and blood). You think she looked ok before... this?
>>
No. 747174 ID: 3009b4

Let her know that said voices also made you give up a ball to save her and the other guy. Well, some of the voices. The cool voices. So you might be partially crazy but said mental condition might also make you able to receive interdimensional communications from helpful spirits.
>>
No. 747193 ID: 1fbb52

>>746904
That was actually really well worded and inspirational, kome. That's some good shit.
>>
No. 747308 ID: e984de

>>747174
Ohhh heeey, that demon guy could hear us. Which kind of lends credence to our new jaunt?
But again. Use your judgement.
>>
No. 747740 ID: e0d257
File 147371145798.png - (206.14KB , 1600x1200 , 229.png )
747740

>>746900
>Schizophrenia is way more complicated than just having voices in your head... but anyway, there's nothing wrong with hearing voices in your head, it's just crazy not to realize they're yours.
:rjackthinking: Well... that's the thing, isn't it? It's strange, I don't have any other symptoms of schizophrenia. I'm not paranoid, I don't have disorganized thought. I don't... think I'm delusional. I don't have any of the things that compound schizophrenia, it's literally just you. Although you sound like me, you say the craziest shit sometimes. But I don't feel compelled to believe you, that's what's so strange about it.

:rjackthinking: It's odd that you give yourself names, though. I can't tell you apart but apparently one of you is a 'Kome'? I keep hearing that.

:rkateshock: ...

>>746904
>If national policy was to lock up everyone who seemed crazy, the nuthouses would be too crowded and staffed to get some real work done.
:rjackthinking: True, but they can be a little trigger happy. I had an uncle, who... what the hell am I saying, we both know that story already. Point is, I self-medicate for a reason. Don't need the whole world knowing on forms and stuff that I've got brain voices. I like to deal with my problems myself.

>>746911
>And lesson two is that I'm having a bit of a confused monologue inside about them possibly having swapped over to the snake woman for a bit and now I'm having doubts about whether or not the voices are actually standard schizo shit or if I've been haunted or some shit my whole life.
:rjackthinking: Yeah, okay, see, saying that sort of thing out loud is what makes people throw you in the nuthouse. This is why it's a good thing I don't have to listen to you all.

:rkateshock: ...

:runounburnedfreed2: Kos... maldas sah. Pay sah maldas kos... u kos, kos maldas sah.

>>747057
>You've got a shot of making things steady if you wanted. Girls love a man that can take charge (and save them from a horrible dimension of torture and blood). You think she looked ok before... this?
:rjackthinking: I mean... I can't remember all that much from last night, but I had to think she was cute enough to bang. She's got a pretty face, and she's definitely got nice hips and ass, that's very hot. It'd be hotter if the rest of her had some more curves, but she's still an, I'd say... 8 out of 10? But, I mean, don't take this as me being shitty, but she's a Las Vegas hooker. I don't know if that counts as a prime catch. If I wasn't drunk off my ass I probably wouldn't have--

:rkateshock: Uh, dude. Dude? Are you there?

:rjacknervous: Oh- shit, sorry. I, uh... blanked out for a second.

:rkateshock: ...

:rjack: Okay. Listen. Yes, I've got voices in my head. No, it's not a problem. I don't listen to them. I tell them to fuck off all the time. I'm not paranoid schizophrenic, I don't hear demons or anything like that. Short story is; I've got a mild case of it. (Either undifferentiated or residual,)- point is, I'm in control. I'm not going to spaz out on you, it's just my little problem to deal with. Other than that, I'm a normal guy.

:rjacksmirk: And besides. You can't tell me all this isn't crazy. We're in some alien hellscape, two feet from a goddamn alien. You're cut in half, we've got all this Satan garbage going on... I'm the least nutty person here.

:rkatereally: Yeah... yeah, I guess so, huh? Fucking christ.
>>
No. 747742 ID: 4affa1

Check up on Runoun, I think he's trying to say something.
>>
No. 747764 ID: 505f10

>I don't hear demons
Well, I mean you kinda did. You made a deal with one to get that code after all.
And that's how fucked up this place is that an obvious hyperbole like that *actually happened*.

>If I wasn't drunk off my ass I probably wouldn't have
Ah, my bad then. A romantic bond formed during times of stress or conflict is a common thing (in stories at least) and I wanted to prep for it. I figure one of us is gonna try to play matchmaker eventually, and the woman would either be her or the snake chick, and I wanted your opinion in that on one of them at least. A chance to get it out there, ya'know?

Is the dude ok?
>>
No. 747818 ID: 18c950

>>747740
Yeah bro, I hear ya'. Sometimes the voices in your head say "Hey, it's 2AM and that guy left his garage open; you could steal his power tools," but you tell yourself "Nah, I'd rather not," and that's that. Everybody's got an inner dialogue, and most people know that not every idea they have is a good one.

That's... not an overgeneralization, right? Guys, raise your hand if you don't have an inner dialogue.

>>747764
Man, that's a tough choice. On the one hand, snake chick's pretty hot... but that mouth is kind of a dealbreaker. On the other, the whole "cut in half" thing is kind of gross... but when else will you get a chance to get your ass eaten out by the chick you're plowing? That's some serious unexplored territory.
>>
No. 748596 ID: e0d257
File 147431815362.png - (328.41KB , 1600x1200 , 230.png )
748596

>>747818
>Man, that's a tough choice. On the one hand, snake chick's pretty hot... but that mouth is kind of a dealbreaker. On the other, the whole "cut in half" thing is kind of gross... but when else will you get a chance to get your ass eaten out by the chick you're plowing? That's some serious unexplored territory.
:rjackthinking: I mean, they're both cute in their own way, but one is an alien and the other one is... well, she's in pieces. Plus she's a hooker.

>>747764
>I figure one of us is gonna try to play matchmaker eventually,
:rjackthinking: Don't I know it, you guys do this every time I meet practically anybody. And it never works out, does it? I don't know, I'm not some kind of fucking casanova. We're going on about them, but I'm a big gangly weakling with resting bitch face. I'm no catch myself, I realize that.

>>747742
>Check up on Runoun, I think he's trying to say something.

:runounburnedfreed2: Tona, qu'es volor? Banasha!

:rkate: So, uh- do you know what he's saying? 'Cause, like, your alien friend speaks our language, soooo...?

:rjack: Not a clue, I can't speak a word of it. He sounds pissed, I think.

:rkate: Oh yeah, definitely. But you did kinda burn him up and stab him and shit.
>>
No. 748605 ID: 4854ef

Not intentionally! We were trying to free him!.. God though I certainly feel bad for the burned bastard, bunch of people trapped in a shithole that'll leave you alive but... suffering.. Yeah we need to make sure we never end up in pieces.

Actually it kind of reminds me since he's not doing the whole 'language claw' thing that I wonder if it's just specific to her? Wish she could make it so we could understand HIM at least.. Rather be insulted in a manner understood then one without.
>>
No. 748620 ID: 18c950

It would be great if we could look apologetic just through gestures, but for complicated ideas like "I'm sorry" those are going to vary heavily by culture, too. I guess we've got no choice but to wait around, for the moment.

>>748596
Also, let's clarify there's a big difference between "burned a guy" and "accidentally caused a guy to be burned." The situation here is nuts, we were desperate, and we wanted to help. We had assumed that fiddling around with the controls to free him couldn't possibly be worse than being cut in half in some sort of awful torture chair.

...I mean maybe that wasn't the best assumption given the whole "awful torture chair" thing but we seriously wanted to make things better and minimize the amount of time he spent in the torture chair.

And fuck, we can't communicate that to him right now anyway. Just Katie, and though it's important it's not a priority.

Two choices I see:
1) chat with Katie, try to get her, uh... "organized"... try not to offend "Runoun" while we wait for Nouille to get back.
2) go outside and check-on-slash-help Nouille now that Creepy McTentacleface has left. we know where she's going so we could catch up... but that would mean leaving these two, who are currently pretty vulnerable probably, behind.

Both pretty shitty options. Any better ideas?
>>
No. 748624 ID: 1bdb67

The fact that his skin isn't charred to a crisp is a good sign. I'm not sure how resilient his species is, but this place seems to defy death. Not sure if that's a good thing for those who have been torn apart beyond any motor control, though.

You have more than enough dense material, maybe you could make a splint for his arms. Would help him move with less pain from trying to move his bones with melted ligaments.

But more than likely it would slow his arms from darting to your neck and stabbing your vocal cords with his finger bones.
>>
No. 748710 ID: 71d443

The noodle lady says she's some kind of language shaman. The translation ability is unique to her. When she gets back, we should ask if this guy's got a special aspect too, besides still being alive.
>>
No. 750945 ID: e0d257

Sorry about the unexpected hiatus- my PC broke down. Then I tried to use my crappy old laptop to continue, and that broke as well. Anyway, everything's good to go now. I really wish this particular update had been done on time without a two week pause in between, but oh well.
>>
No. 750946 ID: e0d257
File 147553044695.png - (140.51KB , 1600x1200 , 231.png )
750946

>>748620
>It would be great if we could look apologetic just through gestures, but for complicated ideas like "I'm sorry" those are going to vary heavily by culture, too. I guess we've got no choice but to wait around, for the moment.
:rjackthinking: When Nouille gets back, I'll see about getting her to translate for me. I really should say sorry, I mean, christ. Look at the guy.

>Two choices I see:
>1) chat with Katie, try to get her, uh... "organized"... try not to offend "Runoun" while we wait for Nouille to get back.
>2) go outside and check-on-slash-help Nouille now that Creepy McTentacleface has left. we know where she's going so we could catch up... but that would mean leaving these two, who are currently pretty vulnerable probably, behind.
:rjack: Not sure how much more organized I could get Katie. She's all in one place, at least. That's pretty much all I can do for now.

:rjack2: And, yeah, everything's all fucked here, I don't need that pirate guy coming back after I leave them or something. I'm not much of a bodyguard, but I'm better than nothing.


>>748624
>You have more than enough dense material, maybe you could make a splint for his arms. Would help him move with less pain from trying to move his bones with melted ligaments.
>But more than likely it would slow his arms from darting to your neck and stabbing your vocal cords with his finger bones.

:rjackthinking: Now that I can do. Let's see... I can break some wood off the drawers, and- yes, there's bungie cord in the backpack, so-

:rnouille: I'm back! And I 'ave ze residue!

:rjack: There she is. She's got the numb juice, that'll be much better.

:rnouille: Kos bot'Jorceay, et-
>>
No. 750947 ID: e0d257
File 147553046887.png - (217.51KB , 1600x1200 , 232.png )
750947

:rnouilleshock: HRRKK!!

:rjacksurprised: Oh-
>>
No. 750949 ID: e0d257
File 147553047753.png - (253.22KB , 1600x1200 , 233.png )
750949

:runounburnedfreed: Vos bete salat vir'ya! VOS NY'GOLS FAIS MALDAS KOS?

:rnouillechoking: GGHhGNkkn!!!

:rkateshock: Jesus christ!

:rjacksurprised: Oh, damn. I don't think he was mad at me.
>>
No. 750955 ID: ca0e20

He can still feel pain right? Crowbar to his wrist! Jam the pointy end in the soft part underneath and try to push it into the wall!
>>
No. 750966 ID: 395c02

Yeah okay get him off of Nouille ASAP.
>>
No. 750972 ID: 71d443

He wants to play the vicegrip game? Grab something INSIDE HIS CHEST. You may not know what his heart looks like, but odds are he doesn't want anything that's inside of him going squish.
>>
No. 751004 ID: 59bd8b

Yeah, lets crowbar the dude choking our ally/friend. I'm not sure where, try the wrist and if it doesn't do anything jam the pointy end into his eye.
>>
No. 751008 ID: 094652

I don't think their heads are supposed to change color like that.

Stand on his other arm and muzzle him so he doesn't grind up Nouille's face. Headbutt to disorient him a few seconds.

Or you could just grab the anesthetic, but I'm not sure where she keeps it.
>>
No. 751038 ID: c91f5b

Jam the crowbar into his wrist. This is bullshit.
>>
No. 751087 ID: 0bca95

Forget the crowbar! Grab Nouille's spear instead! She told us it's magic and that one of its abilities is it can burn holes in things! I dunno if it'll activate for you, but even if it doesn't you jabbing the pointy end into this asshole's left arm or wrist will hopefully make him lose his grip. Just try and stay on his left side so it'll be harder for him to grab you with his right hand.

>>751008
>Or you could just grab the anesthetic, but I'm not sure where she keeps it.
Unfortunately, it's almost certainly in that extra-dimensional pocket she uses for storage, and she can only open it using her spear. But even if she did have the spear in her hands she won't be able to focus to open the pocket while being choked, which is something of a catch-22 situation. Hm... But maybe Jack could try opening the pocket portal. It'll just take tracing a two foot wide circle in the air with the spear point. I'd be worth Jack giving that a quick try before going on to stabbing this guy.
>>
No. 751126 ID: ca0c9d

She ((?qu'es?) want?) volor? Banasha!


you stupid (?salad?) ????!!
MAKE YOUR NY'GOLS(proper name?) prayer (KOS?)

It looks like a mix of French, Latin Maori and a few other languages. Icelandic?

Some of these words must be proper nouns
>>
No. 751142 ID: 16bb01

>>751126
Hey, we know kos. It's (checks previous thread) me/my.

Now you've got me feeling all translation ambitious again... Lemme see.

(LOTS OF TRANSCRIBING AND TRANSLATION LATER)

>>741741
So hey if you're still working on stuff. I'm pretty sure moseni is "please", desol is "sorry", and fais is "did" (or "done", whichever is grammatical).

Anyway, those lines you've got there >>751126
are I believe:
Tona, qu'es volor? Banasha!
[swear word], what do you want? Go away!

Vos bete salat vir'ya! VOS NY'GOLS FAIS MALDAS KOS?
You [lots of swearing]! WHY DIDN'T YOU KILL ME!

Alright Jack, time for a crash course in alien language. Unfortunately we're missing some key words like "can" but, we can try some broken stuff like "mallas juan fais ny maldas" (bad magic did no death) (that's surprisingly communicative) and "sah jourceay fais ny malos" (her journey did no (danger?)... That's much less so, I was trying to get something about her getting painkillers but we don't know the word pain >_<). also possibly worth a try is "Mosani ny vos maldas sah" (please no you kill her... probably actually better grammar than it sounds)

oh also probably an important one to translate:
Kos... maldas sah. Pay sah maldas kos... u kos, kos maldas sah.
I'll... Kill her. (unless/if she won't) kill me... Then I'll, I'll kill her.
Or something along those lines anyway. Probably we should've been paying more attention.
>>
No. 751143 ID: 16bb01

>>751142
Oh and for a briefer interjection "ny maldas" means just "no killing" or "ny maldas sah" should mean "no killing her"
>>
No. 751161 ID: 0fae7a

>>750949
Hes still a bro, so lets try to to murder him. Im still all for smacking his bitch ass with a crowbar all the same.
>>
No. 751163 ID: 0fae7a

>>751161
That is a deadly typo. The first to was supposed to say "not"
>>
No. 751316 ID: 9876c4

>>751163
>Hes still a bro, so lets try to to murder him.

Suddenly, Tumblr.
>>
No. 751323 ID: 493949

>>751161
Something tells me that this guy isnt going to be easy to kill, considering how much damage hes been through. Hopefully, hes just pissed about being in unbearable agony, in which case we can just smear anesthetic all over him, in fact we should probably communicate to Nouille that she should do that right now.
>>
No. 751336 ID: 0bca95

>>751323
Yeah, I agree he's not going to die easy. And he's in so much pain already that trying to cause more to get him to release Nouille is iffy at best.

But the big problem with your plan is Nouille almost certainly put the anesthetic slime in that storage pocket dimension thingie she used her spear to open. The one she can't open now 'cause she doesn't have her spear. There is still a small possibility she didn't do that and carried the wastebasket with the anesthetic with her and left it just outside for some reason, so Jack could quickly glance outside to check while he grabs her spear. Then he could place it in Nouille's hand and ask her to try and open the storage hole so you can get the slime residue out. That is, after Jack tries to open it himself. And even if Nouille can't open the pocket, once she has her spear in hand the big guy may see that and get the idea to loosen his grip enough just enough to give her another chance to off him with it, and that'll be enough for her to speak to him.
>>
No. 751378 ID: dfc4c7

Stab him with the spear. Fatally.

If it works as Nou originally intended, it will kill him as she originally intended, saving her.

If it doesn't, then it will prove a point to the idiot that maybe there was a reason why she was trying to get him painkiller.
>>
No. 751644 ID: e0d257
File 147578767421.png - (89.82KB , 1600x1200 , 234.png )
751644

:rjackscared: Uh, shit, shit... okay, uh, I really don't have time to learn how to, ah, do the "storage pocket dimension thingie" you're on about.

:rnouillechoking: HhhHNNNNnnnffhnnn...!!! Gghk-!

:rjackscared: So, uh- majority was for crowbar, right? Plus, if I kill the guy, I might have another alien going mental on me. Or maybe not, I don't know! Fuck! I don't even think I could kill him! This isn't my thing, man!
>>
No. 751645 ID: e0d257
File 147578770815.png - (664.42KB , 1600x1200 , 235.png )
751645

:rjackthinking: Shit, I'm not doing this right. I'm jamming that sucker in and I don't think he even feels it. He's not dropping her! Fuck, I can't do this! I'm not a strong man, man!

:rjacknervous: Uh- mosani, ny vos maldas sah!

:runounburnedfreed: Qua?

:rnouillechoking: Hhggkgnngh...!!

:runounburnedenraged: ...Vos volor ny maldas sah? MALDAS KOS. MALDAS KOS VOS BAYAN QCOAK.
>>
No. 751646 ID: fe8424

GOUGE HIS BASTARD EYES OUT

If that doesn't stop him, nothing will.
>>
No. 751647 ID: 1c4055

Ok, uh, shit. Right, so, he's stronger than you and her, and pain won't do anything because he's in so much already, BUT even being an alien his body should still obey the basic rules of skeletons and muscular contraction, right? I mean he's got joints.

So, if you smack the opposite side of a bent joint, it SHOULD make said joint spring open, at least a little. I mean, if you hit the right spot. I think it's the base of the tendons or muscle you need to hit, not the actual bone. It probably won't get him to let go but it might loosen his grip enough for her to catch a breath.

Aside that, uh... I don't know, if you put one of her hands on your head maybe she could put some of her words in your mouth instead of the other way around? Though she might not be able to think clearly enough to do that now.

Maybe someone besides me will come up with something for you to say..
>>
No. 751651 ID: 71d443

Words won't work. There's lack of understanding on both sides.
Why on earth would you punch a guy who's stronger than you in the chest when you could kick him in the 'nads? Go back to the "Squeeze his internal organs until they pop" idea.
>>
No. 751652 ID: 1c4055

>>751646

Hmm. I don't think gouging his eyes out will really work, but threatening to might. I mean he wants death so that's not a threat, but if we're threatening to leave him in pain AND blind he wouldn't want that. Plus there are strong instincts in every creature to protect their eyes, in his stressed state his might react without thinking. I mean, he's acting without thinking as is. So, you could step on his other arm to keep him from using it and then make a threatening motion towards his eyes. He'd have to let her go to protect them.
>>
No. 751655 ID: eaa1c0

Use the numbing stuff on him, it might calm him down? I don't think violence will work on someone who wants to die.
>>
No. 751661 ID: 0bca95

Uh. Uh! Shit! He's even more enraged now! Translator?! Where's our translator?! What the hell did he say?!

>>751655
The numbing stuff is in the dimensional storage pocket Nouille opened earlier, thus it is not available! I don't know why so many of us keep overlooking this important detail. I even pointed it out a moment ago.
>>
No. 751673 ID: ca0e20

If he wants to die, can you find a knife real quick, then find the carving inside him that keeps him alive and cross them out with the knife, or add stuff to it that would make them null? But I don't know if that's how it works and I feel like all this would take too much time though, since he's not opened up like Kate.

Maybe say "I'll kill you" if translator wants to say what that is. I couldn't figure out from their post. But maybe saying something like that could make him stop. Something like "Don't kill her, I'll kill you. Kill her, I won't kill you".
>>
No. 751682 ID: 9dc26d

Carve the pain-deadening rune into his flesh.
>>
No. 751685 ID: 16bb01

>>751661
Ahhh people are depending on me now

>...Vos volor ny maldas sah? MALDAS KOS. MALDAS KOS VOS BAYAN QCOAK.
You want [me] not [to] kill her? KILL ME. KILL ME YOU [?????].

No idea what he's calling Jack but the message is pretty clear.

>>751673
"I'll kill you" would be "kos maldas vos". That longer phrase would be "Vos ny maldas sah, kos maldas vos. Vos maldas sah, kos my maldas vos." I'm not sure either of those is great in context though. If any of those I would start with "Vos maldas sah, kos ny maldas vos." (if you kill her, I won't kill you.)

I really really wish we could say "you can't die" but we don't know the word can. Hagergergerk.

Only other thing I can think of to try is "Sah banasha on" (she go away one) (as in, let her go first)

Or, I suppose, we might be able to actually kill him if we find where the runes are carved into him and scribble them out.
>>
No. 751687 ID: 86cf98

I just realized that the title card says rock and not cock.
>>
No. 751700 ID: e0d257

>>751687
Oh. That's not good. I'll have to keep that in mind for the next title card and make sure my r's are definitely r's because I really don't want to run cockquest.
>>
No. 751703 ID: d38986

Whack him on the head until he stops choking Nouille!
>>
No. 751777 ID: 71d443

>>751682
Like his bisected buddy of the fairer sex, he's probably already hopped up on loads of magic anaesthetic. And it's still not helping.
>>
No. 751825 ID: dfc4c7

Dammit Jack, kill him fatally. Use the spear. You don't have time to muck about. If it doesn't work, hopefully he'll rethink his situation. If it does work, it's only what Noodle was trying to do originally anyway.
>>
No. 751847 ID: c90231

wait, what if we get Nouille her spear back, then try to kill him. then hopefully Noille can open that poratl thing before passing out.
>>
No. 753649 ID: e0d257

I jinxed myself. Should have kept my mouth shut.
>>
No. 753650 ID: e0d257
File 147682453373.png - (237.12KB , 1600x1200 , 236.png )
753650

:rnouillechoking: Ghhgnnkkff....

>>751647
>So, if you smack the opposite side of a bent joint, it SHOULD make said joint spring open, at least a little. I mean, if you hit the right spot. I think it's the base of the tendons or muscle you need to hit, not the actual bone. It probably won't get him to let go but it might loosen his grip enough for her to catch a breath.
:rjackscared: Where the hell is the 'right spot'? I don't know where the fuck his tendons are, I don't even know where MY tendons are!

>>751703
>Whack him on the head until he stops choking Nouille!
:rjacknervous: Look at my ARMS man, brute force isn't going to work!

>>751825
>Dammit Jack, kill him fatally. Use the spear. You don't have time to muck about.
:rjackscared: Where? Where the fuck do I stab him, he's already been stabbed and he didn't go down!

:rjackthinking: Uh, shit, fuck, eeny, meeny, miney-

>>751651
>Why on earth would you punch a guy who's stronger than you in the chest when you could kick him in the 'nads? Go back to the "Squeeze his internal organs until they pop" idea.
:rjackscared: -You!
>>
No. 753651 ID: e0d257
File 147682454360.png - (266.52KB , 1600x1200 , 237.png )
753651

:rjacknervous: Vos maldas sah, kos ny maldas vos! Sah banasha on!

:rnouillechoking: M- mohsss, seyni...

:runounburnedenraged: KOS TONA, QUA VOS FAIS? BOT! BOT!! NY, BOT!!
>>
No. 753652 ID: e0d257
File 147682455309.png - (327.63KB , 1600x1200 , 238.png )
753652

:rjacknervous: Where is your heart? What the fuck do I squeeze?

:rjacksurprised: ...Wait, he's only got one symbol thing. Katie had three, right??
>>
No. 753655 ID: 4da8f3

Time to write my boy!
>>
No. 753659 ID: 3663d3

i see, he has immortality but not the other two, they must be important to not turning out like this.
>>
No. 753697 ID: c91f5b

PIERCE THE RUNE, WE'RE IN TOO DEEP.

FUCK THIS MESS!
>>
No. 753740 ID: 094652

I suggest you do both. Write the pain relief rune while you stab various organs. Actually, how about you stab the rune into a large cohesive organ? If it works, have Nouille tell him he's dying.

>>753651
Also how can you speak naga?
>>
No. 753756 ID: e0d257

>>753740
>Also how can you speak naga?
Our translation guy Littlebeast told Jack what to say. >>751685
>>
No. 753769 ID: 71d443

Do not kill him, scribe the missing runes!
>>
No. 753782 ID: 9f3729

>>753652
CARVE DEM RUNES BOI
>>
No. 753802 ID: 594c18

Okay, so the way I see it you have two real options. Scratch out the immortality rune, or carve in the painkiller rune. Anything else will just inconvenience and/or aggravate him.

Up to you which to try first. Either one may not work, for different reasons.
>>
No. 755339 ID: e0d257
File 147742936666.png - (287.51KB , 1600x1200 , 239.png )
755339

:rjacknervous: Shit, what am I supposed to carve it with? Uh, uh- where's that spring?
>>
No. 755340 ID: e0d257
File 147742937704.png - (316.08KB , 1600x1200 , 240.png )
755340

:rjackthinking: Alright, uh... mine was like a triangle, with a line through the middle, and another line like this...
>>
No. 755341 ID: e0d257
File 147742940247.png - (264.38KB , 1600x1200 , 241.png )
755341

:rnouillechoking: HHhHHHHhhhaaaHhghh!!

:runounburnedterrified: Kos lanq sah! Vos bot! Vos bot qu'fais vos, moseni!

:rjacknervous: Uh, are you... still hurt? Shit, how do I say tha
>>
No. 755342 ID: e0d257
File 147742941190.png - (261.88KB , 1600x1200 , 242.png )
755342

:rjacksurprisedblood: ...I don't know if that was the right one.
>>
No. 755344 ID: ca0e20

Glance over to where Nouille is, see how she's faring.
>>
No. 755346 ID: cb41d2

the bigger line closer to the top goes through one side of the triangle, and one side only.
>>
No. 755357 ID: 094652

Oh HILARIOUS. Looks like the Undead Rune for humans is the Blood Fountain Rune for nagas. Carve the last rune and REPEATEDLY APPLY SUDDEN PRESSURE TO UNOUN'S NECK WITH CROWBAR.
>>
No. 755358 ID: 594c18
755358

>>755341
Okay, I think he's saying to stop. Pretty sure. ... Or he could be asking you to do more of what you just did. One of those things. Pretty sure one of those things. *sweatdrop*

Oh, and I think I see the mistake. For both you and her the rune was upside-down from the way you carved it on him. Probably flipping it inverts its function, so you just caused more pain instead of less.

Well, he released her at least, so now you can at least talk with real translation. Cause I'll be the first to admit I don't really know what I'm doing.
>>
No. 755359 ID: 5d1657

Uh back off for a bit while you... renegotiate? You're such a twig I'm pretty sure if he started choking you that'd be even worse than it was for Nouille.

Maybe try that "mallas juan fais ny maldas" from earlier, then ask Nouille to properly explain that there's some magic keeping him alive despite all that's happened, and that we can either try to do something so that he can function while in two pieces, or try to make it so he can actually die... and we're not sure either one will work. Actually getting this out there seems really important.

Though of course that requires that Nouille be able to talk after being strangled for like a minute straight. Shit.
>>
No. 758582 ID: 4dbf09

I apologize deeply for the hiatus, it's been a rough few weeks for me. I know that long breaks like this just destroy whatever momentum I build up with this, which I hate. I'll try to do better.
>>
No. 758583 ID: 4dbf09
File 147916078425.png - (169.18KB , 1600x1200 , 243.png )
758583

>>755344
>Glance over to where Nouille is, see how she's faring.
:rjacknervous: She's alive, she'll be fine- I think..?

:rnouillechoking: Hhahh- oohhah, oohh, t- t- tona, hahhnnh...

>>755359
>Though of course that requires that Nouille be able to talk after being strangled for like a minute straight. Shit.
:rjacknervous: Yeah, that's, that's just not happening.
>>
No. 758584 ID: 4dbf09
File 147916079619.png - (230.95KB , 1600x1200 , 244.png )
758584

:runounburnedenraged: Bot, bot, moseni bot-

:rkate: Woah! Hey!

>>755358
>Oh, and I think I see the mistake. For both you and her the rune was upside-down from the way you carved it on him. Probably flipping it inverts its function, so you just caused more pain instead of less.
:rjacksurprised: Fuck, what? No, I'm sure--
>>
No. 758585 ID: 4dbf09
File 147916080723.png - (255.89KB , 1600x1200 , 245.png )
758585

:runounburnedterrified: Tona! Kos gogon, salat..!!

:rjackmortified: Katie, wh- what did you do to me.

:rkatehorror: What- oh. I ... I ah- ...

:rjackmortified: ... I'm going to pass out again.
>>
No. 758586 ID: 3663d3

before you do that, cut the rune so it stops working. you don't have immortality so losing all your blood will kill you.
>>
No. 758597 ID: a41e1d

Not sure what happens if you cut a rune. Worst-case scenario, you etch an "expunge all blood out of entire body and then explode" rune.

Just do it right the second time. Or rip the skin off.
>>
No. 758672 ID: 594c18

Ummmm yeah at this point I cannot recommend messing with the runes more...

I've got no better plan though.
>>
No. 758682 ID: 71d443

Hmm. Passing out. Passing out is good, yes.
>>
No. 759094 ID: 4dbf09
File 147933093912.png - (133.31KB , 1600x1200 , 246.png )
759094

>>758597
>Or rip the skin off.
:rjackscared: No way, I can't- no- there's no way I can rip my fucking stomach off, jesus christ!

>>758586
>cut the rune so it stops working.
:rjacksurprised: Alright, alright. Fuck, I need that spring again-
>>
No. 759095 ID: 4dbf09
File 147933095014.png - (182.01KB , 1600x1200 , 247.png )
759095

:rjackpain: -Ow! Fuck!

:rjackpain: Come on come on, please don't explode,
>>
No. 759096 ID: 4dbf09
File 147933096857.png - (158.45KB , 1600x1200 , 248.png )
759096

:rjacknervous: Oh thank god I think that actually stopped it. I think this is the first not shitty thing to happen to me today.
>>
No. 759098 ID: 3663d3

okay then, so that means the THIRD rune on her skin flap is the "no pain" rune. luckily the other guy already has the immortality rune so being drained of blood wont kill him.
>>
No. 759099 ID: 19d1ee

>>759096
You better not have jinxed it. Might want to sit down now, in case the pain returns.

I think that rune turns pain into blood loss, maybe. That's probably an oversimplification.
>>
No. 759934 ID: 4dbf09
File 147950950794.png - (165.97KB , 1600x1200 , 249.png )
759934

>>759099
>Might want to sit down now, in case the pain returns.
:rjacknervous: I... don't feel anything, but I won't say no to sitting down, I just... fuck, my head is spinning.

>>759098
>okay then, so that means the THIRD rune on her skin flap is the "no pain" rune.
:rjackthinking: What did that look like again? ... Not like it matters, I seriously fucking doubt he's going to let me get close now. I've already gotten choked out once today, I do NOT want to do it again. It's not goddamn pleasant and I've gone through enough fucking shit already.


:rjack: Nouille? Are you alright? Can you breathe?

:rnouilleconfused: Ahhgk... o- oui, I... I am... I can breathe...

:rjackscared: Damn, she sounds rough. How hard did that cockweed squeeze? Christ.
>>
No. 759938 ID: 7d8168

Well then, let's try to get everyone away from "Unoun" and see if we can get Nouille to explain the situation... once again, there's magic that makes him unable to die going on. We can try to cancel the magic so he can die, but as he just saw we're kind of fumbling in the dark here. Alternately, we can try to make his undying existence more comfortable, but that's probably almost as much of a crapshoot to be honest.
>>
No. 759958 ID: 66014d

Gently massage Nouille's neck, then begin a barrage of light karate chops on her back to relieve muscles. Grab Katie and instruct her to gently relieve Nouille's chest with basic CPR. Take a few moments to grab anything that Unoun could throw at you.
>>
No. 759980 ID: 3663d3

help her over to the corner. then have her explain that katie(point) has three runes on her, immortality, blood drain, and pain remover while he only has immortality. his options are getting the pain remover rune or having the immortality rune scratched out.
>>
No. 760081 ID: 71d443

>>759958
Practice the other silliness if you must, but don't perform CPR on someone whose alien circulatory system seems to be working just fine.
>>
No. 760114 ID: bfa535

Speaking of said cockweed, what is he up to? He still hemorrhaging?
>>
No. 762089 ID: 4dbf09
File 148037291323.png - (214.68KB , 1600x1200 , 250.png )
762089

>>760114
>Speaking of said cockweed, what is he up to? He still hemorrhaging?
:rjack: Oh yeah, like mad.

>>759938
>Well then, let's try to get everyone away from "Unoun" and see if we can get Nouille to explain the situation
:rjack: Absolutely, great idea. Give him some time to cool down or something, or at least get us out of range of his crazy goddamn gibbon arms.

>>759958
>Gently massage Nouille's neck, then begin a barrage of light karate chops on her back to relieve muscles.
:rjacksurprised: Uh, yeah... fuck me, I'll probably just snap her neck or something, I've got no idea how to massage someone.

>Grab Katie and instruct her to gently relieve Nouille's chest with basic CPR.
:rjack2: That is not a bad idea, though. I mean, the basic idea, not the whole 'get the naked half-girl to grope the leech woman's giant tits' bit. This is seriously not the time.

:rjack: Katie, can you massage Nouille? Around her neck and shoulders.

:rkate: Huh? Oh- uhm... sure! Whatever.

:rnouilledowncast: N- no, I am fine- please do not...
>>
No. 762090 ID: 4dbf09
File 148037292534.png - (136.22KB , 1600x1200 , 251.png )
762090

:rjack: Why not?

:rnouilledowncast: I... I am fine, do not worry about me.

:rjackthinking: She still sounds rough, but I'm not going to push it.

>>759938
>see if we can get Nouille to explain the situation... once again, there's magic that makes him unable to die going on.
:rjack: If you're sure you're okay... can you tell me what the deal with the runes are?

:rnouille: ...Ze "runes"?

:rjack: The marks, the- the drawings that he's got on his body. It's keeping him alive.

:rnouilleconfused: It is? 'Ow?

:rjacksurprised: ...You don't know, then?

:rnouilleconfused: No, I 'ave no idea what you are saying! 'Zere is something keeping 'im from dying? 'Zat- 'zat is bad, 'e needs to die...!
>>
No. 762096 ID: 094652

> He needs to-
Please don't say that.

But if we need to take him out, we could just wait until he passes out and scratch up his runes until he dies. Easy.

> What do
Nouille, pocket dimension. Get the laptop. Jack, check the battery power, then use the camera function and take pictures of stuff, cultist bible included. Set the computer to black and white to save power.

Katie, envy Nouille's bust size. Or make a bra from your intestines. Okay but seriously, tell Katie to look out for more adventurers.
>>
No. 762098 ID: e136ae

>>762090
>No, I 'ave no idea what you are saying! 'Zere is something keeping 'im from dying? 'Zat- 'zat is bad, 'e needs to die...!

I am TOTALLY with Nouille on this one. He's not just an asshole, but he has been through a horrible ordeal to the point where death would be a release.
>>
No. 762107 ID: 71d443

>>762096
Actually, death really is preferable in his situation. The whole point of the getup in there was to deny him that as long as possible, so...
Maybe if we tear the skin with the rune off wholesale it will end its effects. If it works, the pain is not a concern. If it doesn't work, well, he's been through worse.
>>
No. 762115 ID: d5d801

>>762098
Also, y'know, reincarnation is apparently a real thing for them so.

I got nothing but to show her Katie's runes. Don't let her wipe them out though, she probably doesn't understand that humans don't reincarnate.
>>
No. 762195 ID: 7d8168

Well then, we're back on the "Hey buddy sorry but there's some bad magic stopping you from dying. You can probably tell from how much pain you're in and how much blood you've lost and how still-not-dead you are. We're trying to fix that but as you can tell it's going to be pretty iffy for a while. Very sorry, but we'll do our best," translated through Nouille, plan.

Though y'know, maybe less wordy if she's having a hard time talking, though we can probably leave that up to her. She's the one who needs to translate, she can probably tell what can be cut out.
>>
No. 762271 ID: d79f26

show her the marks on katie. they are immortality, blood loss, and painlessness. unon has the immortality, and now the blood loss. if you break the immortality rune he will die.
>>
No. 766291 ID: b4535e

>>762271
If we could carve the last rune into him and destroy the Bloodletting one maybe he'll stop being a cunt.

And can we also carve the Immortality rune into ourselves?
>>
No. 771609 ID: 4dbf09

For once I don't have nothing to show for the delay. Only close to nothing! If you haven't seen it, I did a long comic in the secret santa thread. It gives a little bit of a glimpse into what Nouille's village and past was like.

http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/src/148263777020.png

I am really sorry for this constant hiatus shit.

>>
No. 771610 ID: 4dbf09
File 148408807071.png - (239.87KB , 1600x1200 , 252.png )
771610

>>762271
>show her the marks on katie.

:rjackthinking: I don't think she understands them man, but it couldn't hurt.

:rjack: Nouille, come here. Kate, I need to see those runes.

:rkate: Oh- uh, sure.
>>
No. 771611 ID: 4dbf09
File 148408809815.png - (127.01KB , 1600x1200 , 253.png )
771611

:rjack: You've definitely never seen these?

:rnouille: Non, never!

:rjack: I don't get how they work, but somehow they do things. One takes the pain away, one makes you bleed and one keeps you from dying. I didn't know which was which before, but I do now.

:rjack2: Your guy has the one that keeps him from dying. I was trying to give him the painless one, but he got the bleeder. So-

:rnouilleconfused: Non! Do not only take ze pain away! 'E's already, what is ze word... not fixable? 'E needs to die, I should 'ave-

:rkateangry: And he's a fuck face, too. So there's that. Screw him. Drop the axe.

:rjack: Alright, both of you- I was going to say we should do that. I want to try scratching the symbols out, or cutting the skin off or something. But Nouille, I need you to tell him to not kill me while I try to... relieve him.

>>762096
>Okay but seriously, tell Katie to look out for more adventurers.

:rjack: Kate, keep a watch, if anyone comes around- scream.

:rkate: Got it.
>>
No. 771613 ID: 4dbf09
File 148408814415.png - (255.02KB , 1600x1200 , 254.png )
771613

:rjack: Alright, uh, tell him... "There's-... magic that's stopping you from dying. We're trying to figure out how to work around it. We tried to ease your pain, but it did not work. Now we are going to try and euthanize- ah, that's probably not a good word to try and translate- uh, help you die."

:rnouille: Ah... Es juan-

:runounburnedscared: Vos Juan.

:rnouilleconfused: Ny! Otho juan! Es fais vos gaian. Nos'fais mallas'nor, ont es fais'nor. Adjor, nos fais potecha vos maldas-

:runounburnedterrified: Nos? Kos uruth sys soh? Et, kos hor'yan'yan potetcha kos maldas... Ny. Kos volor'nor maldas. Kos volor doucel ZOEN unoun et ZOEN utoth ba vos es SALAT GOHORAN. Et HOR... kos maldas vos.

:rnouilleshock: Ah... 'e is not happy. 'E is asking to stay alive now, but 'zat is so 'e can... it would be a bad 'zing for me, ha ha...

:runounburnedterrified: Qu'doucel soh?? Vos salat bete gohoran! Fais'nor uruth sys soh. Kos maldas soh hor'yan.

:rnouilleshock: ...It would be a bad 'zing for you, too.

:rnouilleconfused: I do not 'zink he will willingly let us 'euthanize' 'im.
>>
No. 771615 ID: 8ae082

>>771613
So now he's turned spiteful, huh? Well, just leave him to rot, since he won't accept help.
>>
No. 771616 ID: 9f3729

>>771613
"Look dude what do you want from us, we tried and you tried to kill us for it, and now that we're trying to do it your way you changed your mind so you can be a dickhole about it in some vague manner. Don't be a dickhole or we'll just leave you here."

If he continues to be a dickhole just block the door and leave him there
>>
No. 771620 ID: 094652

I'd suggest you give him the laptop to play with, except he would likely smash it just to piss you off.

Take everything you can from this room and set up your base outside. Head out with Katie and try to find a new place to set up a second safe house, and then scavenge more from your van before that adventuring party picks it apart.

Also, you haven't asked Nouille about us yet.
>>
No. 771624 ID: 804a8c

Bumping to get image off front page.
>>
No. 771626 ID: 9145ba

So he's saying that he wants to live now just so he can kill us? Well at least he's got something to keep him going. Drag his lower half back over to the closet to remind him not to bite the hand that rescues him from torture chambers.
>>
No. 772149 ID: 129f2e
File 148434743635.png - (171.80KB , 1600x1200 , 255.png )
772149

>>771624
>Bumping to get image off front page.

:rjack2: ...The hell does that mean?

>>771615
>>771616
>>771620
>Well, just leave him to rot, since he won't accept help.
>just block the door and leave him there
>Take everything you can from this room and set up your base outside.

:rjackthinking: Now this I can understand. And agree with. He may be half a guy, but his arms alone are as big as I am. I'm not into the idea of trying to kill this guy without his explicit permission.

:rjack: Nouille, grab your spear and crowbar and, uh- the backpack. I'll take the bed.

:rnouilleconfused: Ah... alright?

:rjackthinking: I think that's about it. Only other obvious grabbable thing left in here is the clock, and I'm not getting that close to him.

:runounburnedterrified: Ny! Vos ny banasha!!
>>
No. 772150 ID: 129f2e
File 148434747205.png - (258.38KB , 1600x1200 , 256.png )
772150

>>771620
>Also, you haven't asked Nouille about us yet.

:rjackthinking: About what?... Oh, right, whether she can hear you. It's been a stressful five minutes man, cut me some slack. Uh... I'll ask when I get a moment alone with her.

>Head out with Katie and try to find a new place to set up a second safe house, and then scavenge more from your van before that adventuring party picks it apart.

:rjackthinking: Right, but that'll be difficult with Katie in two halves. Speaking of...

:rnouilleconfused: My unoun... kos ruan maldouc- ny, kos syas maldouc es...

:rjack: Nouille, did you get that stuff from the van? The needle and thread?

:rjackthinking: Wait, did I ask her for that? I don't think I did.

:rnouille: Un moment, I 'ad grabbed a few 'zings...
>>
No. 772151 ID: 129f2e
File 148434748877.png - (205.72KB , 1600x1200 , 257.png )
772151

:rkateshock: ...Woah.

:rnouille: Is 'zis 'ze "sewing kit"?

>>762096
>Nouille, pocket dimension. Get the...
:rjacksurprised: Well, shit. She actually does have a pocket dimension.
>>
No. 772165 ID: cf597b

Don't stick your hand in there. Ask Nouille how long the portal lasts, how much she can carry, and how large the storage space actually is. Obviously, carrying multi-cellular life in there for extended periods of time is not a good plan, but will bacteria and fungus (and tardigrades) have a shelf life or are they self-sustaining?

Also, you need to hurry this up before another adventuring party makes their way here. Tell Nouille to take most of the stuff out, so you can reorganize and put lower priority items in her INVENTORY (unless you have a better name for the pocket dimension), then discuss the various physical needs of humans and her species.

... Okay, normally I say something weird by now. Just hear me out on this: snake bab-

Does Katie's oven still bake buns.
>>
No. 772176 ID: d79f26

>>772165
lets save the million questions for later.

>>772151
take the kit and try to put Katie back together.
>>
No. 772181 ID: 4854ef

ask her about her interesting magical stuff later, I mean she understood us explicitly through magic so how it works is kinda moot right now, though do ask how much she can actually store within it because that shit be handy yo.

Take your sewing kit, and at the very least start stitching her back together for now if there's nothing on the horizon. Also maybe grab a blanket.. Think that's a blanket to wrap around her.
>>
No. 772247 ID: 8e2896

Okay first remove the blood rune from Katie then fix her up, which is going to be a fucking mission with all those stretched guts. But remember that the spine is the support column for the whole body so unless we find a way of keeping her spines lined up and sturdy shes' just going to keep breaking in half.
Lastly apply anti-pain rune to us.
>>
No. 772893 ID: 129f2e
File 148469068022.png - (268.43KB , 1600x1200 , 258.png )
772893

>>772165
>lets save the million questions for later.

:rjackthinking: It's going to take me a minute or two to sew her up. I can ask whatever questions you all want to throw at me.

:rjack2: Eh... fuck it. I'll even answer the bun one. Her organs are all fine. Whoever sliced her, didn't slice all the way through. It's almost surgical.

>>772247
>fix [Katie] up, which is going to be a fucking mission with all those stretched guts. But remember that the spine is the support column for the whole body so unless we find a way of keeping her spines lined up and sturdy shes' just going to keep breaking in half.

:rjack: This is a good point though. We can't just start sewing. She doesn't need delicacy; I don't need to reattach nerves or anything and I don't think sterilizing equipment matters that much at this point. But she needs something to hold her together.

:rjackthinking: God, this is disgusting. Just thinking about it.

:rjack: Nouille, I want to help Katie. Maybe your 'unoun' will calm down in the meantime. But right now, I need a bag to hold her insides in. Do you have one in your invent- eh. In your portal?

:rjackthinking: You guys can call it whatever you want, but nobody's going to understand "inventory".

:rnouille: Oui, I do, one second...

:rjack: She needs a brace for her spine. I've got rope, I just need something long and hard... there is the crowbar.

:rjack2: This would be perfect, but there's that twisty bit at the end. Is there anything else...? Could I break this off somehow...? I- could try heating it up with my camping stove and bending it, I think I saw my stove in her 'inventory'- wait, no, I burned through the gas killing that pink slime thing. Damn.
>>
No. 772897 ID: 9145ba

Remember that really hot door in the torture chamber? You could probably melt it off there. But you'd be giving up a valuable weapon! The weapon of choice for the free man! Perhaps the boards in the window, or the coat hanger rod from the closet.
>>
No. 772912 ID: 1a65e2

You could try hook it on/through her pelvic bone. Probably not the most comfortable but it's quick, the only problem is that we lose a crowbar.
>>
No. 772916 ID: 094652

You're ignoring the best replacement: Someone else's spine.

Specifically, the severed lower half of Unoun's torso. Maybe you can glue his spine to hers?

Honestly, I figure you should use something that bends so she isn't restricted from bending if she needs to climb into an alcove. How about ripping open the bed more for some alumninum supports?

Honestly, I think you should just find some sort of glue or drill screws in the bisected section. Not like the shoddy surgery is going to kill her. ALSO, you should stitch or cauterize some cloth or plastic into the areas where the runes are, if they get scratched Katie could DIE.
>>
No. 773074 ID: 188451

>>Crowbar
No, it's way way too useful. There's the frame from the picture in the room, or a board from the window, or a slat from the dresser(though that is too close to the dude in my opinion). Any of them would be easier to mold than a crowbar and depending on how good quality the wood is(maybe the board is the only one not made of shit wood) they should hold up well enough. Worth grabbing the painting too for either cloth or paper depending on which it is.

>>772150
>Wait, did I ask her for that? I don't think I did
Thought we discussed that? We told Nouille when we popped over to her, then told you when we got back. Btw, the sewing kit getting here proved it to Katie (and maybe also you?) that the voices are close to a tangible thing here at least. Everyone should be in on it now, so it shouldn't be a giant deal if we accidentally get around somehow.
>>
No. 774458 ID: 129f2e
File 148529719561.png - (151.74KB , 1600x1200 , 259.png )
774458

>>772916
>You're ignoring the best replacement: Someone else's spine.
>Specifically, the severed lower half of Unoun's torso. Maybe you can glue his spine to hers?
:rjack2: See, the problem with that is he's not going to want to give it up.

:rjack: Also, bendy is not good. I've already thought about this. Her muscles are cut along the split, and she needs those muscles around her torso and spine to stay upright. I'm hoping that both halves will contract at the same time, since she still seems to control her legs. I'm going to try sewing them together and see what happens. But it's going to be janky, at best. Any bit of help she can get in standing straight is a boon. If the only problem is that she can't bend that well, I'll consider it a total success.

>ALSO, you should stitch or cauterize some cloth or plastic into the areas where the runes are, if they get scratched Katie could DIE.
:rjack: That is a good point. I'll absolutely do that. I might even scratch in a few redundant ones. Although, that might have side effects, I don't know how these things work...

>>773074
>There's the frame from the picture in the room
:rjackthinking: ...I think I like that. It's probably garbage wood, but the short parts are around the right size, and I could use both sides to double it up and make it stronger.
>>
No. 774459 ID: 129f2e
File 148529721237.png - (136.93KB , 1600x1200 , 260.png )
774459

>Thought we discussed that? We told Nouille when we popped over to her, then told you when we got back. Btw, the sewing kit getting here proved it to Katie (and maybe also you?) that the voices are close to a tangible thing here at least.
:rjackthinking: ... This sounds like the kind of rationalization that schizos come up with. It could just be coincidence that she grabbed the sewing stuff, and I'm making you say that to make it make sense to me. But, I think I've abandoned reason around the point where I decided to tie two halves of a wooden picture frame to a prostitute's spine so I could attach her bisected, but still functional legs back onto her torso. Fuck it. The revelation that you're not just a figment of my broken brain's lost grip on reality and my whole life has been a lie is the least crazy thing that's happening to me.



:rjack: Wait. Wait up a second.
>>
No. 774460 ID: 129f2e
File 148529722885.png - (131.17KB , 1600x1200 , 261.png )
774460

:rjacksurprised: Is that a camera?

:rjack2: Oh, those fucking scumbags. Screw this motel.
>>
No. 774468 ID: 9f3729

>>774460
Ha. That's fucked, but if it's any consolation I doubt they're going to get much luck with the insurance companies. Highly doubt "Transported to a Hellish Alternate Dimension" is covered by disaster insurance~!
>>
No. 774473 ID: 1fbb52

>>774458
>>774459
>>774460
UNOUN IS MOVING, PLEASE EVACUATE THE VOUYER CHAMBER
>>
No. 774476 ID: 9145ba

It's a good thing you're covered in alien blood so we can't tell how red you're turning.

Dig that thing out of the wall! Electronics are sparse out here, and it might have a battery. Where does it connect to film storage?
>>
No. 774785 ID: fe7355

What'd you expect from the proprietors of a sleaze-ball motel that also has a room that teleports to a hell-esq dimension? And they screwed up the placement. It's not even in a spot that can see the bed action, so what the heck were they thinking putting it there?

But put that out of your head right now 'cause you were so focused on the camera you didn't catch that homicidal alien naga dude is on the move. Glance over to check what he's up to. But whatever he's doing, I strongly suggest you grab your backpack and GTFO before you get beaned in the head by a '70s clock radio or perhaps the entire nightstand. I also suggest not sticking around outside this motel room while working on Katie's spine, lest Unoun keep dragging himself into grabbing range every two minutes and interrupt you.

I also noticed that there might be something written on the backside of that print of The Birth of Venus you took out of the frame. Check it when you don't have a angry alien immediately after you.

The camera could also be taken from outside the room via judicious application of that crowbar to the wall behind it. It'd be safer than standing in here with a hostile alien that probably wants to twist your head off like a cheap action figure's. I'm sure Katie is going to have some choice words about possibly being filmed in the act if you tell her about the camera. ...Fairly sure.

There's also something else that's been bugging me about this motel room; Something not obviously incongruous: It has plaster and lath walls. Plaster and lath walls were generally supplanted by drywall in the U.S. in the decade after World War II, when Las Vegas was also undergoing it's boom years. So any building in Las Vegas old enough to have plaster and lath walls would have been near the center of the city and almost certainly demolished to make way for new casinos and other development. Especially a motel, since those were often on valuable real estate on or near major roads. Meaning this motel room should not have survived those years, let alone the decades after to become the scum-hole it is. That is, unless it was teleported out back then.

I suspect that this motel room is a inter-dimensional trap meant to snag folks nobody would probably miss. It'd drop in right next to a real no-tell motel run by a collaborator and blend in. And it being magic would explain why that clock radio and the lights still work when they shouldn't, and the instantly boarded up window. ...Or it's entirely possible I'm reading far too much into this and talking out of my ass. Eh, not like it matters right now how this damned room came to be.
>>
No. 774800 ID: 094652

Cute. What is he planning to do, pounce from the nightstand?

... Oh wait, that might actually work. His arms have sufficient length and force to propel him just enough to reach your legs.

Raspberry + Leave, now plz.
>>
No. 775786 ID: 129f2e
File 148581910373.png - (298.84KB , 1600x1200 , 262.png )
775786

>>774800
>>774785
>>774473

:rjacksurprised: Ah, yep. Time to leave.
>>
No. 775787 ID: 129f2e
File 148581911997.png - (131.06KB , 1600x1200 , 263.png )
775787

:rjacksurprised: Alright... it doesn't seem like he's trying to get out. He just wanted me out.

>>774785
>I suspect that this motel room is a inter-dimensional trap meant to snag folks nobody would probably miss.
:rjackthinking: Makes about as much sense as anything else here, I guess.

>The camera could also be taken from outside the room via judicious application of that crowbar to the wall behind it.
:rjack: Sounds good. I'll give it a shot as soon as I'm done with Katie.

>I also noticed that there might be something written on the backside of that print of The Birth of Venus you took out of the frame. Check it when you don't have a angry alien immediately after you.
:rjack: I suppose I could do that quickly before I-

:rnouille: Uhm... Jack? I need to say somezing...

:rjack: Yeah? What's u
>>
No. 775788 ID: 129f2e
File 148581913283.png - (24.66KB , 1600x1200 , 264.png )
775788

[[End of thread. Part 3 will be up shortly.]]
>>
No. 775853 ID: d79f26

>>775788
DUN DUN DUUUUN
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password