[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 716306)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 146058872201.gif - (46.64KB , 800x600 , 000 Title.gif )
716306 No. 716306 ID: b66b01

2Frames part 1: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/701048.html
Disthread: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/99036.html

Still in a desert.

First Thread
Disthread
Wiki
Patreon
Expand all images
>>
No. 716307 ID: b66b01
File 146058874002.gif - (14.23KB , 800x600 , 001.gif )
716307

>Choose an appearance. (canine, feline, reptilian, avian, etc.) Note: The form is humanoid.
>Choose a gender.
>>
No. 716309 ID: 6e05f2

Male Northern Sergal
>>
No. 716312 ID: 15a025

>>716306
Female Owl
>>
No. 716315 ID: c22069

Female Jackal
>>
No. 716316 ID: 1cebc8

Female Impala
>>
No. 716317 ID: 737d5c

Female Bee.
>>
No. 716319 ID: 99a64d

Male mammoth, because we beat easy mode and hard mode seems fun. Also we get to be hueg. Also tusks.
>>
No. 716322 ID: f6442a

be Bee girl.
>>
No. 716328 ID: 350a50

Thirding Female Bee
>>
No. 716364 ID: eb385b

>>716307
Male Northern Sergal
>>
No. 716374 ID: 8371c4

male NORTHERN SERGAL
>>
No. 716388 ID: 2e72ca

Male Northern Sergal.
>>
No. 716405 ID: f0e552

>>716307
??? AYYlien
>>
No. 716408 ID: 59a537

Be Bee
>>
No. 716426 ID: 2ee598

Hydra
>>
No. 716450 ID: f0e552

>>716405
actually no i change my mind, we are a simple kobold, female of course.
>>
No. 716462 ID: 0a2529

Female Bee :D
>>
No. 716549 ID: b66b01
File 146067687162.gif - (22.02KB , 800x600 , 002.gif )
716549

>An insane asylum, as in, a mental hospital. With means of restraining dangerous patients.

If someone is insane and disrupt the peace, they usually throw them in jail. Some mages have been theorizing that there might something about some people's mind making them not well and the possibilities of fixing them, but most people in charge just heard "broken people" and used that as an extra reason as to why they should be thrown in jail.

>Man it occurs to me nobody here knows where they are, we're super fucked.

Two of us are navigators. We just have to get out of the desert and then wander until one of us recognize a location. Or we go in the first settlement we encounter and ask them where we are.


We arrive in Lucy's room.

Rip: "How do one trip on sand?"

Raven: "Sh-shut up."

Ok, so what first? I could...

>You might need to make some sheets into wraps for Lucy to help protect her from the sun and sand while you guys travel the desert.
>Rip also sounds like he needs more convincing if we want him to join us.
>I think that one way or another we should do what we can to destroy Emerald's portal research and preparations before we go.
>maybe we can have Rip watch her for a bit while we discuss this with Lucy out of her earshot.
>If possible you or Rip should explore behind the fallen rocks in the mountain tunnel.

- Make new clothes from the sheets in Lucy's room and/or the prison cell.
- Talk to Rip more to try and convince him to join our party.
- Go find Emerald's research and destroy it so that it doesn't fall in the wrong hands.
- Tell Rip to watch Emerald while we talk to Lucy out of the witch's earshot.
- Rip or I go explore the caved in tunnel.

Right now, Rip is probably going to get his gear at the drawer first and since we're at the mountain, Lucy is probably gonna get the water under the mountain.
>>
No. 716568 ID: f6442a

Raven smash puny demonic portal!
>>
No. 716574 ID: 5ad4a7

>>716549
Rip could go investigate the tunnel. He's an actual adventurer, while Raven is ??? but definitely not experienced with adventuring.

Until he comes back, Raven can help Lucy get dressed for desert travel.
>>
No. 716636 ID: 350a50

We'll need to talk to Emerald as well, and try to convince her to cooperate, if we aren't going to execute her outright.
>>
No. 716885 ID: 59a537

Probably see what we can do about the research first.
>>
No. 717658 ID: b66b01
File 146102137260.gif - (22.26KB , 800x600 , 003.gif )
717658

>Raven smash puny demonic portal!

I wish...

>We'll need to talk to Emerald as well, and try to convince her to cooperate, if we aren't going to execute her outright.

- Make new clothes from the sheets in Lucy's room and/or the prison cell.
- Talk to Rip more to try and convince him to join our party.
- Go find Emerald's research and destroy it so that it doesn't fall in the wrong hands.
- Tell Rip to watch Emerald while we talk to Lucy out of the witch's earshot.
- Rip or I go explore the caved in tunnel.
- NEW! Talk some sense into Emerald!

>Rip could go investigate the tunnel. He's an actual adventurer, while Raven is ??? but definitely not experienced with adventuring.

Hey! I'm an adventurer too! I'm not an expert at anything, but I can do most adventuring stuff! I can pick simple locks, I can handle a sword without cutting myself, I can navigate the world using the environment and keep track of the cardinal directions! Things like that!

Raven: "Rip, once you're done changing..."

I get closer to him.

Raven: "Ask me or Lucy about the secret tunnel. There's a caved-in passage near the entrance that I think you should check out."

Rip: "... Why are you sure that something is there?"

Raven: "I'm not, but I'm still curious about what could be there! Lucy is gathering our food and water, are you doing anything after you change?"

Rip: "... I guess not. What about you?"
>>
No. 717659 ID: b66b01
File 146102137759.gif - (23.82KB , 800x600 , 004.gif )
717659

>Until he comes back, Raven can help Lucy get dressed for desert travel.

Raven: "Well, speaking of! Lucy! You're going to need some clothes to protect you from the sun!"

Lucy: "Oh, well if you say so..."

Emerald: "Whatever you guys are doing, just don't block the show! Now I know why you guys didn't want me to use him for the portal, hehehe."
>>
No. 717660 ID: b66b01
File 146102138306.gif - (19.35KB , 800x600 , 005.gif )
717660

Mmm... Maybe like this?...

>Choose one!
>>
No. 717661 ID: 99a64d

B
>>
No. 717662 ID: 15a025

B looks nice.
>>
No. 717664 ID: 2e72ca

B all the way.
>>
No. 717665 ID: 35151f

>>717660
C's got a rad pallette, voting C
>>
No. 717667 ID: 6e2dec

>>717660
B
>>
No. 717668 ID: 59a537

B is nice

> Now I know why you guys didn't want me to use him for the portal, hehehe.
(Well I guess its progress of a sort for Emerald to show interest in something other than killing or avoiding being killed.)
>>
No. 717678 ID: d796e1

Can we have B with the mouth-cover-scarf from C?
>>
No. 717689 ID: b66b01
File 146102568712.gif - (9.76KB , 228x400 , 005B.gif )
717689

>Extra option
>>
No. 717793 ID: 350a50

>>717660
Definitely B
>>
No. 717804 ID: 2e72ca

>>717689
Tempting.
Really, REALLY tempting.
>>
No. 717810 ID: 35151f

>>717660
but guys cmon, look at that brown and gold! It's great!
>>
No. 717832 ID: 0a3044

>>717689
As the guy that proposed D, D. Gotta love the D option.
>>
No. 718014 ID: b66b01
File 146119349321.gif - (29.06KB , 800x600 , 006.gif )
718014

Mmm, the red one seems right for Lucy. For myself, I'll go with the yellow one since I like the colors. I decided that both of us will have an extra cloth that we can pull over our mouth in case the wind picks up and the sand gets in our face. we also have pockets so we can carry some stuff. I still have my bottle filled with water and my pruned up apple.

Raven: "There! You should be good to go!"

Lucy: "Thanks, I guess. I've never wore this much clothes before. Feels stuffy."

Rip: "Ok, I go to tunnel now. Who shows me?"

Do I show him where it is or do we let Lucy show him while I do something else on the list?

- Talk to Rip more to try and convince him to join our party.
- Go find Emerald's research and destroy it so that it doesn't fall in the wrong hands.
- Tell Rip to watch Emerald while we talk to Lucy out of the witch's earshot.
- Talk some sense into Emerald!
- Rip or I go explore the caved in tunnel.
- Make new clothes from the sheets in Lucy's room and/or the prison cell.
>>
No. 718019 ID: 350a50

Send Lucy, and talk to Emerald in private.
>>
No. 718023 ID: d796e1

Outside of Emerald earshot, send Lucy and Rip to destroy her research, and stay there talking to the witch, We can heal her! weeeeell, not really, but let's try.
>>
No. 718028 ID: 59a537

>>718019
>>718023
These work, if Lucy knows where Emerald's research is.
>>
No. 719126 ID: 15a025

Let's send Lucy with Rip while we try to have a chat with emerald.
>>
No. 719141 ID: b66b01
File 146162979584.gif - (28.71KB , 800x600 , 007.gif )
719141

>Send Lucy, and talk to Emerald in private.
>Outside of Emerald earshot, send Lucy and Rip to destroy her research, and stay there talking to the witch
>These work, if Lucy knows where Emerald's research is.

I get close to Lucy again while beckoning Rip to do the same. Once we huddle up, I tell them the plan.

Raven: "Ok. Here's what we should do next. Lucy, show Rip where the tunnel is. I'll stay here and talk to Emerald. Afterward, while I keep talking to Emerald, you two should go see if you can find Emerald's research to destroy it. We can't let anyone else get their hands on it when we leave. Lucy, do you know where those research would be?"

Lucy: "Not exactly. After I prepare the water and food, I can go and see if I can find it in the witch's lab. But I'll have to look around like you two would."

Raven: "But you have a general idea of where it would be?"

Lucy: "I think so."

Raven: "Alright, that's good."

Rip: "What do I do in tunnel?"

Raven: "Explore! You know, check the layout, see if there's anything interesting to bring along, does it lead anywhere interesting?"

Rip: "Alright."
>>
No. 719142 ID: b66b01
File 146162980030.gif - (20.24KB , 800x600 , 008.gif )
719142

Lucy and Rip makes their way down the ramp, under the mountain.

Ok. Time to talk to Emerald...

Emerald: "Finally! Getting bored over here! What are we doing? Where are we going? Are you sure you can carry me around? Ooo! Are you gonna let me free?"
>>
No. 719204 ID: 350a50

Take a seat (but stay close enough to grapple her if she gets loose somehow).

"For now we just wait for everyone to get back. Want to talk while we wait?"
>>
No. 719257 ID: 5ad4a7

>>719142
Ask her what she likes to do for fun. Maybe you could play twenty questions?
>>
No. 719277 ID: 619c7c

Take a seat, ask what she likes to do for fun, and after some banal conversation, ask her how we can carry her, try to point out that we need her cooperation, or we cant take her. And we cant take her... we cant leave her here...
>>
No. 719349 ID: b66b01
File 146171472487.gif - (19.57KB , 800x600 , 009.gif )
719349

>Take a seat (but stay close enough to grapple her if she gets loose somehow).
>Dialogue

I sit next to Emerald.

Raven: "For now we just wait for everyone to get back. Want to talk while we wait?"

Emerald: "Mmmrr, I guess. There's probably better things to do..."
>>
No. 719350 ID: b66b01
File 146171472894.gif - (14.68KB , 800x600 , 010.gif )
719350

>Ask her what she likes to do for fun.

Raven: "So what do you do for fun?"

Emerald seems genuinely confused by the question.

Emerald: "I don't know? Why are you asking?"

Raven: "I want to know more about you!"

Emerald: "... ok? I... do scientific and magic research?"

Raven: "That sounds more like work. There's nothing else you want to do when you're not doing that?"

Emerald: "It's the whole point of why I'm here, what else would I do?"

Raven: "Everyone has things they do for no reason other than it's fun and they feel like it."

Emerald: "Oh, well I guess maybe flowers? I grow crops as food since it's the only reliable food I can make in my lab and sometimes I'll grow some flowers. They're useless. Does that count?"

>Maybe you could play twenty questions?

While I think that could be fun, I feel like playing twenty questions is meant to pass the time.

>ask her how we can carry her, try to point out that we need her cooperation, or we cant take her. And we cant take her... we cant leave her here...

This topic seems more serious. Should I start talking to Emerald about the matters at hand now, or continue talking to her in a friendlier manner?
>>
No. 719352 ID: 15a025

Let's keep the friendly talk up for now. I feel like we can ease into the serious stuff later.

Ask what her favorite food is?
>>
No. 719355 ID: 5ad4a7

Ask her if there's any way she can voluntarily weaken or disable her powers.
>>
No. 719360 ID: 02f505

Lets keep this loose and friendly. Ask her about what kid of flowers she rises, it must be hard getting and maintaining them here, though cactus flowers are beautiful... Tell her about your travels, some nice places, avoid telling her about friends or other nice social interactions, it seems to be a sore spot.
>>
No. 719392 ID: 350a50

>>719360
This.

She also said she studied all kinds of magic. Has she ever studied things like healing?
>>
No. 719529 ID: b66b01
File 146180017220.gif - (18.97KB , 800x600 , 011.gif )
719529

>Ask what her favorite food is?

Raven: "What is your favorite food?"

Emerald: "Why are you asking me all these questions?"

Raven: "We're having a conversation and I'd like to know more about you. Pretty standard stuff."

Emerald: "No one's ever asked me about these things."

Raven: "Well I am now. Any favorite food?"

Emerald: "I don't know, I never thought about it... Most of what we eat here have been vegetable... Oh! I do remember I got to try this pastry that one time. I don't know what it's called, but it was really good! It was really sweet and light, like full of air..."

>Ask her about what kind of flowers she rises, it must be hard getting and maintaining them here, though cactus flowers are beautiful...

Raven: "What kind of flower do you grow? Must be tough to maintain them here. Any Cactus Flowers?"

Emerald: "There's plenty of those in the desert. Anyway, there's the purple one, the blue one and the red one. It's not that hard to keep them alive with the water under the mountain. It keeps flower healthy for longer than any other water."

>Dialogue

Raven: "You said you studied all kinds of magic. Have you ever studied things like healing?"

Emerald: "Oh yeah, it's one of the ways I keep my test subjects alive longer for more testing! You'd be surprised at how limited corpses are for experiments. You'd think they'd have at least some value for making potions or something, but I never heard of any. Not that I'm an expert in that field..."
>>
No. 719530 ID: b66b01
File 146180017697.gif - (18.88KB , 800x600 , 012.gif )
719530

>9elk h4r jbo2t yrur td)))a1c#ls,,,,, avoid telling her about friends or other nice social interactions, it seems to be a sore spot.

some nice places

Raven: "... You know, I've seen an underground cave full of glowing mushrooms once. It was really pretty."

Emerald: "If you say so."

Raven: "... There's also a place up north where, when spring starts, flowers blooms though the snow."

Emerald: "Oh? That sounds kinda neat."

Raven: "There's also this giant dragon statue that was built in a waterfall so it looks like it's bursting out of it!"

Emerald: "Who?"

Raven: "I don't know, some ruler long ago."

Emerald: "Does he seem like he was hot?"

waterfall... am i hearing a waterfall?
>>
No. 719532 ID: 35151f

>>719530
yo birdbutt, you aite?
>>
No. 719535 ID: 15a025

Raven you alright? Maybe you should go get something to drink.
>>
No. 719537 ID: 5ad4a7

Careful, Raven. Emerald being tied up was said to reduce her magic considerably, but not eliminate it. She may be casting something on you. So step away, see if the noise has a source or if it's just in your head.
>>
No. 719538 ID: 350a50

Get up and go over to the dresser, to make some distance without raising suspicion.

Ask if she'd like help picking some clothes for when the group gets moving again.
>>
No. 719546 ID: e9e7c8

... when was the last time you ate?
>>
No. 719699 ID: b66b01
File 146188994899.gif - (20.83KB , 800x600 , 013.gif )
719699

>yo birdbutt, you aite?
>Raven you alright? Maybe you should go get something to drink.
>... when was the last time you ate?

I'm fine. I ate yesterday, but not eating while I'm out and about is pretty common. I shouldn't avoid eating but I'm fine. I reach for my bottle of water.

>Careful, Raven. Emerald being tied up was said to reduce her magic considerably, but not eliminate it. She may be casting something on you. So step away, see if the noise has a source or if it's just in your head.
>Get up and go over to the dresser, to make some distance without raising suspicion.
>Ask if she'd like help picking some clothes for when the group gets moving again.

I get up and-

Emerald: "Hey! Where are you going?!"

Raven: "You'll need clothes when we're moving again... Want some help picking something?"

Emerald: "Uuh, sure!"

I take a gulp of water. This water is really good... I'm sure Emerald can't do anything. Didn't she says that she couldn't use magic without her hands? Or was it Lucy? Did I just think it...?
>>
No. 719700 ID: b66b01
File 146188995325.gif - (14.30KB , 800x600 , 014.gif )
719700

I move to the drawer and then listen. The sound is now clearer, but I can now hear that it's coming from the entrance...
>>
No. 719701 ID: b66b01
File 146188995802.gif - (10.31KB , 800x600 , 015.gif )
719701

Wait. This isn't a waterfall...
>>
No. 719703 ID: 15a025

Is it a sandstorm?
>>
No. 719704 ID: 350a50

>>719703
Shit, yeah, looks like it.

Go check around the corner, but use your cloth cloak to shield your face in case more sand gets blown in. We might be stuck here for a while.
>>
No. 719707 ID: e9e7c8

Well... sandstorms comes with low pressure, maybe that's affecting you? anyway, check that out, but dont leave the room and keep an eye on Emerald. Also, not eating may be common, but is not nice, do you have anything light to munch?
>>
No. 719709 ID: 5ad4a7

>>719701
Tell Emerald you think there's a sandstorm and you're going to look.
>>
No. 719712 ID: 5ad4a7

Wait shit is anyone out there? I hope we don't need to go save them.
>>
No. 719715 ID: f6442a

Begin playing techno music.
>>
No. 721108 ID: 6b3d44

>>719701
Don't eat yet. You don't want to become fat!
>>
No. 721358 ID: b66b01
File 146257618450.gif - (16.83KB , 800x600 , 016.gif )
721358

>do you have anything light to munch?

I still have my prune-y apple. I feel like I could crush it with my fist.

>Is it a sandstorm?
>Shit, yeah, looks like it.

That's what I think too, yeah.

>Go check around the corner, but use your cloth cloak to shield your face in case more sand gets blown in.
>check that out, but dont leave the room and keep an eye on Emerald.

The sand on the floor is the sand I tracked in after I fell in it.

I put away my water then move to the entrance while covering my beak.
>>
No. 721359 ID: b66b01
File 146257618899.gif - (10.96KB , 800x600 , 017.gif )
721359

I can feel the wind blowing in but I can't see if there's a sandstorm from here...
>>
No. 721360 ID: b66b01
File 146257619262.gif - (9.84KB , 800x600 , 018.gif )
721360

>Tell Emerald you think there's a sandstorm and you're going to look.
>dont leave the room and keep an eye on Emerald
>Wait shit is anyone out there? I hope we don't need to go save them.

Mmm. Maybe there is someone out there... And I can't see if there's actually a sandstorm coming. I could check real quick. Even if Emerald tried to escape, how fast can she unwrap herself? Maybe it's better to be on the safe side and keep an eye on her though. But if I stay, I'll have to think of what to do next.
>>
No. 721362 ID: a22f87

Call out, see if anyone responds.
>>
No. 721399 ID: 350a50

Don't leave her alone. Go back to helping her pick out an outfit and make some more small talk.

"Do you have any family anywhere?"
>>
No. 721403 ID: 8371c4

we need to make here a pretty desert witch outfit
>>
No. 721410 ID: 5ad4a7

Welll since the bed isn't going to be used for much longer you could move her to the floor, then put one of the covers on the floor and roll her onto it, then use it to drag her over closer to the entrance so you can get a good look at the storm outside without leaving her alone.
>>
No. 721416 ID: ef6009

>Maybe there is someone out there

Why would there be anyone out there? Lucy and rip are on the cave, that's just some sand being blown by the wind, it's probably ok, stay there.
>>
No. 721658 ID: b66b01
File 146265931162.gif - (12.37KB , 800x600 , 019.gif )
721658

>Call out, see if anyone responds.

Raven: "HEEEEY! ANYONE CAN HEAR ME?"

Emerald: "I can hear you! Why are you acting weird?!"

Raven: "N-no, I was calling outside to see if someone was near the entrance."

Emerald: "You heard someone?"

Raven: "No, I think I hear a sandstorm and was checking to see if someone needed help."

Emerald: "Huh! You're going to need some bigger vocal chords if you want someone to hear you in a stormy desert!"

In any case, I didn't hear anyone respond.

>Don't leave her alone. Go back to helping her pick out an outfit and make some more small talk.
>Dialogue

Raven: "Well anyway, let's get some outfit done for you! Do you have any family anywhere?"

Emerald: "Not really."
>>
No. 721659 ID: b66b01
File 146265931515.gif - (13.61KB , 800x600 , 020.gif )
721659

>we need to make here a pretty desert witch outfit

I, uh...
>>
No. 721660 ID: b66b01
File 146265931937.gif - (18.82KB , 800x600 , 021.gif )
721660

Emerald: "Seriously?!? You're going to dress up my cocoon prison?!"

Raven: "Uhh..."
>>
No. 721662 ID: 469630

A.

Plus some extra fabric for the noisy hole.
>>
No. 721665 ID: a075ba

>"Seriously?!? You're going to dress up my cocoon prison?!"
Well sure, why not?

A all the way.
>>
No. 721667 ID: 5ad4a7

>>721660
Doesn't she want to look nice?

A.
>>
No. 721672 ID: 973861

why not, you look great.

A
>>
No. 721690 ID: 8371c4

yes

A
>>
No. 721707 ID: 350a50

"See, there's this new thing called a joke! But seriously, next to dark blue, red is your color."

A.
>>
No. 721711 ID: f6442a

r?
>>
No. 721712 ID: 35151f

>>721707
yes
>>
No. 721714 ID: b66b01

>>721711
That panel was meant to look unfinished like it got interrupted, which I see now that I didn't convey it all that well. That r looking thing is an unfinished B.
>>
No. 721721 ID: 350a50

>>721714
For what it's worth I got the joke.
>>
No. 721802 ID: 15a025

A.
>>
No. 721916 ID: b66b01
File 146274822843.gif - (19.71KB , 800x600 , 022.gif )
721916

>Doesn't she want to look nice?
>Dialogue

Raven: "See, there's this new thing called a joke! Don't you want to look nice? But seriously, next to dark blue, red is your color."

Emerald: "Thanks, but how long are you planning on keeping me tied up?"
>>
No. 721917 ID: 15a025

Until we can trust you're not going to kill us all and try to end the world with demon hell fire?
>>
No. 721931 ID: 5ad4a7

>>721917
Yeah, pretty much.

Plus she deserves some punishment for the whole serial murder thing.
>>
No. 721934 ID: c22069

>>721916
That's up to her really, we do want to be friends with her and go on adventures but she needs to earn our trust. Think of this as being a trial experiment for now and when she reaches the next phase she can come out. maybe.
>>
No. 721936 ID: ef6009

Until... well... hey! crazy weather we are having! how long does this sandstorms tend to last?
>>
No. 721950 ID: 350a50

>>721917
Pretty much.

"I know things have sucked for you, but if we work together we can make it better without the fire and brimstone! For now we just wait until the others come back."

"I've done a lot of talking. Is there anything you want to talk about?"
>>
No. 721968 ID: 2e72ca

"until we either leave the desert or we get to better understand each other. After all it's hard to fully trust you at the moment"
>>
No. 722329 ID: b66b01
File 146283988207.gif - (18.11KB , 800x600 , 023.gif )
722329

>Dialogue

Raven: "Until... Well... Hey! Crazy weather we are having! How long does this sandstorms tend to last?"

Emerald: "They vary, don't change the subject!"
>>
No. 722330 ID: b66b01
File 146283988733.gif - (15.05KB , 800x600 , 024.gif )
722330

>Until we can trust you're not going to kill us all and try to end the world with demon hell fire?
>it's hard to fully trust you at the moment

Raven: "Look, you have to understand that it's hard to trust you right now. I'm pretty sure you'd kill us all and open the portal if we'd let you loose. And we don't want the world to end with demon hell fire."

Emerald: "... If it makes you feel any better, I don't actually want to kill you or Lucy. You're still my friend, even after you backstabbed me, but by my experience that's pretty normal. And while Lucy feels generally irrelevant to me, I guess she showed that she can actually be useful sometimes."

Raven: "What about Rip?"

Emerald: "If I find another reptilian, he can live. But right now, he's the key to the portal."

>That's up to her really, we do want to be friends with her and go on adventures but she needs to earn our trust.

Raven: "... We do want to be your friend and bring you along on our adventures. Still though, You'd have to prove to us that we can trust you. Helping us disable the portal would be a pretty good way to do that..."

Emerald: "... It's just hard to abandon that project after all this time. And it's not like I'd be ending anything that I care about in this world..."

Emerald: "Up until now I guess."
>>
No. 722331 ID: b66b01
File 146283989392.gif - (19.45KB , 800x600 , 025.gif )
722331

>Dialogue

Raven: "I know things have been hard for you, but if we work together we can make it better without the fire and brimstone! For now we just wait until the others come back."

Raven: "I've done a lot of talking. Is there anything you want to talk about?"

Emerald: "Nah..."

Emerald seems lost in thoughts.
>>
No. 722353 ID: 350a50

Just put an arm around her in a half-hug and stay quiet for now.
>>
No. 722363 ID: 5ad4a7

Tell her there was a moment, when you were talking to her by the portal, where you were tempted to join her and let her do the ritual. Ruling the world would have been great, and you could have changed things for the better eventually... but the cost would be too high.
>>
No. 722375 ID: 37936c

Not much to say to that.

Just try to offer companionable silence.
>>
No. 722456 ID: 15a025

Give her a hug.
>>
No. 722516 ID: 8371c4

hugs should be given
>>
No. 722636 ID: 79a07e

>>722363
That's the scariest thing, I think. For like...a solid 2-3 seconds (Raven time), we actually considered just letting it happen. Why? Not sure, maybe because of something in OUR past?

(I could see us being of a somewhat similar origin as her, interested in knowledge or something... only we chose to try and become more friendly, not just shut everyone out for calling us nerds. Two sides of the same coin.)
>>
No. 722781 ID: b66b01
File 146309042603.gif - (19.95KB , 800x600 , 026.gif )
722781

>dialogue

Raven: "There was a moment, when we were talking by the portal, where I were tempted to join you and let you do the ritual. Ruling the world would have been great, and I could have changed things for the better eventually... but the cost would be too high."

Emerald: "..."

>Just try to offer companionable silence.
>Give her a hug.
>hugs should be given

I decide to let Emerald get lost in her thoughts. Maybe she's starting understand our point of view? I can only hope for now.

With the hat ready, I start to shift my weight to give Emerald a hug, in the hope of lifting her spirit.

*MMGRHHAAAAAA*
>>
No. 722782 ID: b66b01
File 146309043038.gif - (13.71KB , 800x600 , 027.gif )
722782

Um. Animals are entering the cave?
>>
No. 722784 ID: a075ba

>>722782
Well it looks like it has a saddle so that probably means they're tame and not something here to kill you.
>>
No. 722785 ID: 5ad4a7

>>722782
Those aren't just animals. Those are tamed animals, with saddles. A group is taking shelter from the storm. I'd suggest going to see who it is but shouldn't they be... ahead of the animals? Tell Emerald to stay put, you're gonna go see what's going on.
>>
No. 722787 ID: 90f3c0

It seems to be wearing a saddle, they belong to somebody. Sending their mounts in ahead seems like a weird thing to do tough, maybe they wandered off on their own in the sandstorm. Call out and see if anyone is there.
>>
No. 722814 ID: 15a025

They look pretty friendly. Maybe someone's nearby after all. Let's go greet them.
>>
No. 722857 ID: 350a50

>>722785
Where's she gonna go? Wriggle off the bed?

The animals might have run off from their owners in the sandstorm. The saddles mean they're probably tame and used to people, but approaching a strange animal aggressively is never a good idea.

For now, stand next to the bed and don't show fear, this will show the animals that you are not prey. Do you have any weapons on you or did Rip and Lucy take them all? Don't draw steel if someone follows the animals in, but keep it ready in case they're hostile.
>>
No. 722877 ID: e47e93

OH NO. WHY ARE THEY SO HAPPY. OH NO
>>
No. 724004 ID: b66b01
File 146352652811.gif - (20.95KB , 800x600 , 028.gif )
724004

>Well it looks like it has a saddle so that probably means they're tame and not something here to kill you.
>Those aren't just animals. Those are tamed animals, with saddles.
>They look pretty friendly.
>The saddles mean they're probably tame and used to people, but approaching a strange animal aggressively is never a good idea.

Yeah, these are pretty common in and around the desert. They're not the fastest, but are very reliable. They are only aggressive if you mess with them and usually can be approached with no fuss.

>Call out and see if anyone is there.

Raven: "Hello? Is anyone there?"

... No answers.

>Do you have any weapons on you or did Rip and Lucy take them all?

Oh yeah, I guess we should have tried to split weapons evenly... Only Emerald could fight off attackers in our group, if she wasn't tied up...
>>
No. 724005 ID: b66b01
File 146352653360.gif - (22.12KB , 800x600 , 029.gif )
724005

>Maybe someone's nearby after all. Let's go greet them.
>Tell Emerald to stay put, you're gonna go see what's going on.

Raven: "Sta-"

>Where's she gonna go? Wriggle off the bed?

Raven: "... I'm gonna go see if anyone is there."

Emerald: "Ok. They're probably just some travelers. It happens. Although you arrived here yesterday, having someone else shows up already is kinda surprising. What are the odds right?"

I make my way over to the tunnel. More animals are making their way in Lucy's room.
>>
No. 724006 ID: b66b01
File 146352653926.gif - (19.24KB , 800x600 , 030.gif )
724006

...
>>
No. 724007 ID: b66b01
File 146352654363.gif - (29.29KB , 800x600 , 031.gif )
724007

*SHING*

Blades move to my neck from around the corner.
>>
No. 724008 ID: b66b01
File 146352654809.gif - (22.38KB , 800x600 , 032.gif )
724008

Bee Lady: "Don't move."
>>
No. 724009 ID: b66b01
File 146352655396.gif - (33.67KB , 800x600 , 033.gif )
724009

Another bee then jump from around the corner past the first one and jumps in the air behind me, landing somewhere near Emerald.

*Trrrrrrrrrrrr* *THh* *SHING*

Other Bee Lady: "NO SUDDEN MOVEMENT! UNDERSTOOD!?!"

Emerald: "... Can't really do those so, sure."

Bee Lady 1: "Alright, turn around. Slowly."
>>
No. 724010 ID: 094652

Turn around and LOOK FOR A WEAPON.
>>
No. 724015 ID: 5ad4a7

>>724009
Follow her orders, but also tell them if they're bandits it's not like you have anything of worth.
>>
No. 724025 ID: 35151f

>>724009
"Geeze do you really need the swords? cmon man what the heck is with you"
>>
No. 724033 ID: 350a50

Comply with the deadly ninja.

"Search us. We're unarmed. We're not a threat."
>>
No. 724035 ID: 15a025

Comply but tell them to chill out, you're all ears.
>>
No. 724064 ID: 0d6c82

Comply, and ask what all this is about.

>Search us.
Only say that if you are trying to get them to unwrap Emerald, and I am still not quiiite sure she won't kill us in that scenario. (Actually I don't know if she could beat them if they unwrapped her; they are two well armed fighters at close range.)
>>
No. 724471 ID: ec61b0

They seem like they are either bandits..or somthing best to listen and wait for an opening
>>
No. 724476 ID: f6442a

Don't bee scared.
>>
No. 724488 ID: be4935

Soooo are you bandits or something? Because I really don't own anything to valuable.
>>
No. 724539 ID: 8371c4

i thought you said don't move
>>
No. 724756 ID: b66b01
File 146379216912.gif - (40.37KB , 800x600 , 034.gif )
724756

>Don't bee scared.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

>Comply but tell them to chill out, you're all ears.
>Dialogue

Raven: "Geeze do you really need the swords? C'mon man what the heck is with you?"

Bee Red: "Just do it!"

Raven: "I will, don't worry. I am cooperating!"

Bee Lady 2: "Get on your stomach!"

Emerald: "I'll try..."

*shuffle shuffle*

>Comply, and ask what all this is about
>Follow her orders, but also tell them if they're bandits it's not like you have anything of worth.
>"Search us. We're unarmed. We're not a threat."
>Only say that if you are trying to get them to unwrap Emerald
>best to listen and wait for an opening

I start turning slowly around while she moves one of the sword on the other side of my neck to make sure that a blade is still at my throat when I'm turned.

Raven: "What is all this about? If you guys are bandits, we really don't have anything of worth!"

Bee Red: "Quiet."

She doesn't wait for me to tell her to search me or not. She started frisking me with the pair of extra arms she has. She finds my bottle and apple but returns them to me.

Bee Red: "Ok, now move forward and join your friend."

Bee Lady 2: "Wha-? Why are you like this?"

The other bee is frisking Emerald and seem a bit confused, only having one sword on the witch.

Emerald: "Yeah, I can't really move much..."
>>
No. 724757 ID: b66b01
File 146379217539.gif - (22.05KB , 800x600 , 035.gif )
724757

Having decided to comply with the Bees orders, I move to the bed where Emerald is.

Bee Orange: "Hey! She's already tied up! Someone beat us to the punch!"

The bee dressed in red talks in a low, almost whispering, voice but still in a scolding tone.

Bee Red: "Marigold! Keep your voice down! We've secure this room but not the other adjacent ones. Someone might hear you!"

The bee in orange's smile fades and she looks a bit guilty.

Bee Orange: "Y-yeah, you're right, I'm sorry... At least we don't have to guard this one."
>>
No. 724758 ID: b66b01
File 146379218182.gif - (34.50KB , 800x600 , 036.gif )
724758

Another bee arrives, this one dressed in purple.

Bee Red: "Why are you lagging behind?"

Purple shrugs.

Bee Purple: "Had to make sure all the mounts got in the cave. Besides, I knew you guys were on top of it. We don't need to exert ourselves against easy opponents."

Bee Red: "Actually, we don't know. That's the whole point in scouting and clearing an area."

Bee Purple: "Yeah! And we're great at it! When have we ever broken a sweat?"

Bee Red: "Mmph! Go check the other rooms with Marigold, I'll stay here and keep an eye on them."

Bee Orange: "Yay! Aster! We get to hang out!"

Bee Purple: "Sure Mari. You should show me your fancy moves."

Bee Orange: "Oh! Good idea!"

Red sighs while Orange and Purple leaves. They head for the cell first.
>>
No. 724759 ID: b66b01
File 146379218630.gif - (21.97KB , 800x600 , 037.gif )
724759

Emerald and I are now alone with the Bee in red.

Bee Red: "You can sit on the bed if you want."
>>
No. 724763 ID: 398fe1

>>724759
Yeah okay. Ask her what's going on. They aren't going to kill you are they?

Ask Emerald if she's ever seen anyone move that fast. Could she track them? (this is important if we decide to unleash her in hopes she can fight them off)
>>
No. 724769 ID: f6442a

We couldn't think of a jail that would take Emerald, but maybe the bees have.
"What's going to happen to her?"
>>
No. 724772 ID: be4935

Sooooo are we going to die?
>>
No. 724778 ID: 350a50

Take a seat and put an arm around Emerald to comfort her.

Ask the bee, "Are we going to die?"
>>
No. 724800 ID: 15a025

What are you here for and are we dead?
>>
No. 725019 ID: ec61b0

Ask them if their here for Emerald or is this just a spur of the moment thing
>>
No. 725079 ID: 350a50

>>725019
Rather not show our hand or volunteer information about Emerald just yet.
>>
No. 725697 ID: b66b01
File 146412508810.gif - (29.00KB , 800x600 , 038.gif )
725697

>Ask Emerald if she's ever seen anyone move that fast. Could she track them?

The only sounds in the room are the crackling of the fire, the low rumble-y noise of the sandstorm and Marigold yelling if there's anyone in the prison, after, I presume, determining that the cell room was clear of people. I don't think I can ask anything tactical to Emerald without Red Bee stopping me. I definitely should try and remember to ask her once I can though.

>Yeah okay.
>Take a seat and put an arm around Emerald to comfort her.

I sit next to Emerald and extend an arm towards her to comfort her.

Red Bee: "Ah! ah!"

In a surprisingly quick manner, Red Bee moves next to us and blocks my attempt to move closer to Emerald with one of her swords.

Red Bee: "You're fine where you're sitting! I have my eyes on you and you better not try anything funny."

I sit back where I was. She slowly move backward back to her spot.
>>
No. 725698 ID: b66b01
File 146412509241.gif - (21.96KB , 800x600 , 039.gif )
725698

>We couldn't think of a jail that would take Emerald, but maybe the bees have.
>Ask them if their here for Emerald or is this just a spur of the moment thing
>Rather not show our hand or volunteer information about Emerald just yet.

It would be wiser to not allude to anything I know about Emerald. I don't know what they know and I wouldn't want to tell them something I don't want them to know yet...

>Ask her what's going on. They aren't going to kill you are they?
>Sooooo are we going to die?
>Ask the bee, "Are we going to die?"
>What are you here for and are we dead?

Raven: "Soooo, Are we going to die?"

Red Bee: "That's up to you."

She squint menacingly.

Emerald: "Haha!"

She looks at Emerald, not too happy that a laugh was the reaction she got.

Raven: "Are we allowed to know what is going on? What are you here for?"

Red Bee: "... We need shelter from the storm. Securing anyone around is part of our... procedure. Our boss will decide what to do with you two once the storm dies down. You know, you can actually help us by telling me if there are anyone else around here."
>>
No. 725703 ID: 15a025

Welp, time to spill the beans then. Fill her in on everything.
>>
No. 725704 ID: a22f87

>Securing anyone around is part of our... procedure.
so... you're slavers?
>>
No. 725713 ID: 398fe1

>>725698
Don't tell her anything until you find out what they *usually* do to those they secure.
>>
No. 725768 ID: 350a50

>>725698
"Several others. We just finished preventing a demonic invasion. You're welcome."
>>
No. 725820 ID: 2a7417

[X] Doubt
>>
No. 725930 ID: 35151f

>>725703
>diming out our friends to possible slavers

n-no...
no, don't do this.
>>
No. 725965 ID: 0d6c82

Don't mention your friends, demons or magic. Until we know what these guys are up to we don't want to give them any information we don't have to.
>>
No. 726177 ID: b66b01
File 146430917274.gif - (25.92KB , 800x600 , 040.gif )
726177

>Don't tell her anything until you find out what they *usually* do to those they secure.
>Dialogue

Raven: "So... You're slavers?"

Red Bee: "You didn't answer my question."

Raven: "I'm just worried about what will happen to us!"

Red Bee: "Then you should be worried about answering my questions, or else I'll get them out of you!"

Emerald: "They're not slavers."

Red Bee: "Wha- How do you know?!"

Emerald: "I know what slavers look like. You look too fancy to be slavers."

Red Bee has a conflicted expression.

>Welp, time to spill the beans then. Fill her in on everything.
>"Several others. We just finished preventing a demonic invasion. You're welcome."
>no, don't do this.
>Don't mention your friends, demons or magic. Until we know what these guys are up to we don't want to give them any information we don't have to.

Yeah. I shouldn't, in good conscious, betray my friends. Plus, she's not telling me anything anyway.
>>
No. 726178 ID: b66b01
File 146430917774.gif - (33.39KB , 800x600 , 041.gif )
726178

The other bees are now exiting the cell room. Red Bee make a quick buzz sound with her wings.

*BZZZ*

A blast of air hits Emerald and I. When the other two look over, she beckons them and Marigold happily and quickly come to us. Purple Bee stays near the ramp.

Red Bee: "There are more of them around, keep sharp."

Marigold: "How many?"

Red Bee: "I don't know..."

Marigold: "Ok!"

Red Bee: "And keep your voice down! I heard from all the way over here!"

Marigold: "Ok."

She returns to Purple Bee who already started to go down the ramp.
>>
No. 726192 ID: 350a50

Wait until Red leaves, and try asking Marigold what's going on. She seems more chit-chatty.
>>
No. 726201 ID: f6442a

That is some mighty powerful gas.
>>
No. 726206 ID: b66b01

>>726201
Yeah, I knew some/most people would have seen it that way... *shrug*
>>
No. 726237 ID: e73549

Ask emerald if she has any idea who these people are.
>>
No. 726409 ID: b66b01
File 146439669413.gif - (28.00KB , 800x600 , 042.gif )
726409

>Wait until Red leaves, and try asking Marigold what's going on. She seems more chit-chatty.

That would be nice, but Red seems to be the one in charge of guarding us. Marigold already left.

>Dialogue

I quickly lean over to Emerald and quietly say:

Raven: "That was some mighty powerful gas."

Emerald: "Pfft!"

Red Bee: "What was that?!?"

We both say nothing and she gives us a dirty look. Eventually she brings a hand to her forehead and sighs.
>>
No. 726410 ID: b66b01
File 146439670419.gif - (29.19KB , 800x600 , 043.gif )
726410

>Ask emerald if she has any idea who these people are.

I decide to ignore my worries to talk to Emerald while Red Bee is here.

Raven: "Any idea who these people are?"

Red Bee: "Oh? So you're not taking me seriously?!? Is that it?!?"

Red Bee reaches inside my cloak, grabs me by the wrist and slams my hand against the wall. She holds my other hand with her other free hand and brings a sword up to my neck.

Emerald: "HEY!"
>>
No. 726411 ID: b66b01
File 146439671182.gif - (15.28KB , 800x600 , 044.gif )
726411

Suddenly, thin metal is pressed against my hand. She's pushing her sword into my hand, but not enough to penetrate it.
>>
No. 726412 ID: b66b01
File 146439671789.gif - (23.15KB , 800x600 , 045.gif )
726412

Red Bee: "You better tell me how many of your friends you have running around here or I will push this sword into your hand and you can bet I will do it slowly!"

I won't lie. I'm a bit scared for the safety of my hand!
>>
No. 726415 ID: 398fe1

>>726412
One.
>>
No. 726421 ID: 93244f

Break out into tears. Pretend (or show) that you're not handling the situation well. Buy yourself more time to think, maybe.
>>
No. 726428 ID: 7b7ab3

Peck her eye out.
>>
No. 726429 ID: 3663d3

a million and they are armed.
>>
No. 726431 ID: 281556

>>726412
yeah, either we call a bluff here or we take the more sensible course of action and break down for Sympathy Points
>>
No. 726457 ID: 350a50

"Three."

Technically true, but it includes Emerald. Makes them overestimate our number slightly.
>>
No. 726462 ID: 79a07e

...I'm still confused as to what's up with these people.

I guess just answer honestly and say two?
>>
No. 726477 ID: a22f87

well you suddenly have a blade against you. Time to do what any sane everyday person would do.

PANIC!!!
>>
No. 726559 ID: f6442a

One. I mean, Lucy's a prisoner and the lizard's a loner. The fact that the one you speak of is not the one next to you is merely a coincidence.
>>
No. 726601 ID: ec61b0

In this situation we should tell em the truth that there are 3 told with us. Plus is it may even diffuse so of the tension.
>>
No. 726609 ID: b7883c

These people are very likely up to no good (with all the threatening and refusing to explain themselves) so we should not tell them the truth about our companions. We should also avoid lying though (since they might injure us when they find out otherwise), so go with >>726421
>>
No. 726626 ID: 227a05

Bawl your heart out.
>>
No. 726739 ID: 6d1790

blast them with eye beams, made of tears.
>>
No. 726740 ID: 8d7722

"... Do it."
>>
No. 726744 ID: 15a025

Peck her eyes out and be the hero!
Cry and beg for dear mercy while you spill the beans.
>>
No. 726797 ID: ac4927
File 146463759025.gif - (24.73KB , 800x600 , 046.gif )
726797

>Peck her eye out.

I can't! One of her sword is at my throat and she's threatening to stab my hand! Even if the sword at my throat wouldn't prevent me from pecking her, she'd definitely retaliate.

>Break out into tears. Pretend (or show) that you're not handling the situation well. Buy yourself more time to think, maybe.
>yeah, either we call a bluff here or we take the more sensible course of action and break down for Sympathy Points
>well you suddenly have a blade against you. Time to do what any sane everyday person would do. PANIC!!!
>Bawl your heart out.
>blast them with eye beams, made of tears.
>Cry and beg for dear mercy...

Well it's worth a shot. I don't think I can use my tears offensively though.

I break down and start crying.

Raven: "WAAAAH OHGODOHGODOHGOD I'MSORRY *SOB* IDON'TWANTTOBETRAYMYFRIENDS!"

The pressure on my hand lessen slightly.

Red Bee: "Are you being serious? You disrespect me and then start crying when you're threatened? Just tell me how many other people are out there and you'll be fine."

This should allow me some time to think.

>One.
>I guess just answer honestly and say two?
>"Three." Technically true, but it includes Emerald. Makes them overestimate our number slightly.
>One. I mean, Lucy's a prisoner and the lizard's a loner. The fact that one is not the one next to you does is merely a coincidence.
>In this situation we should tell em the truth that there are 3 told with us.
>...while you spill the beans.

I could answer "one", "two" or "three". If I say "one", That will give Rip and Lucy a change to be found separately and who ever is not found first could have a chance to take the bees by surprise or avoid them altogether. "Two" will be the honest answer, but will also betray my new friends. But it will avoid having these shifty people to get mad at me later. "Three" will make both Lucy and Rip known, but maybe the added paranoia of expecting a third person will be a good mental tactic.

I make a decision and start to "pretend" to get my act together enough to answer.

I don't want to betray my friends and these people are not telling me anything, so why should I have to answer their questions? Because they threaten me? I'll just have to deal with them again later... If I have to deal with them later. Saying "one" is a gamble, but seems like a better tactic then light paranoia.

Raven: "*sniff* There's only one other out there."
>>
No. 726798 ID: ac4927
File 146463759570.gif - (39.01KB , 800x600 , 047.gif )
726798

Red Bee looks at me a moment.

Red Bee: "See? Was that so hard?"

She then pushes me down on the shoulder to force me on the floor.

Red Bee: "Now stay and sit here."
>>
No. 726799 ID: ac4927
File 146463760051.gif - (15.91KB , 800x600 , 048.gif )
726799

She turns around. Emerald is on the floor.

Red Bee: "What ar-"

Emerald: "I FELL!"

Red Bee: "..."
>>
No. 726802 ID: 3663d3

if she makes a stabby motion leap on her back hold sword hands down and bite her antenna off.
>>
No. 726815 ID: 6a9d1a

Is...is this one of those rape things?
>>
No. 726871 ID: 350a50

Looks like Emerald might have tried to wiggle to your aid. Try to draw attention away from her situation.

"Can I ask you a question?"
If Red Bee says yes,
"Do you like to sing?"
>>
No. 726916 ID: 398fe1

Don't get cute with the angry bee again.

I guess trying to strike up *some* conversation might work to lower her guard. Ask what those creatures they came in with are.
>>
No. 726970 ID: 2ce93e

>>726871
Do this.

If she says "yes", then...

I LOVE TO SING-A
ABOUT THE MOON-A AND THE JUNE-A AND THE SPRING-A
>>
No. 726985 ID: 15a025

Ask Emerald if she's okay. That looked like quite the fall there.
>>
No. 726990 ID: 17e791
File 146473886543.gif - (22.63KB , 800x600 , 049.gif )
726990

The Red Bee moves to lift Emerald up.

Red Bee: "Try and stay on the bed."

Emerald: "I'll try HAHAHAH!"

>Ask what those creatures they came in with are.

I already know what they are, but I guess I dunno what else to ask.

Raven: "What are those things that you came in with?"

Red Bee: "... You don't know about those?"

Raven: "..."

An awkward silence follows. I know what they are but if I say so she'll wonder why I asked. I could play dumb just to make her talk?

I shrug.

This is really awkward.
>>
No. 726991 ID: 17e791
File 146473886901.gif - (24.17KB , 800x600 , 050.gif )
726991

>Dialogue

Raven: "Do you like to s-?"

Marigold: "POPPY!"

Marigold is back. Thank god.

Marigold: "Poppy! I found a secret passage!"

Emerald: "Secret...?"

Red Bee: "Really?! Wow, Marigold, good job!"

Even with her mouth covered, it's obvious that Marigold is sporting a great big proud smile.

Red Bee: "Where's Aster?"

Marigold loses her smile.

Marigold: "Oh. Um, it's actually kinda cool! There's water under this mountain! And these glowing crystals! It's really pretty!"

Red Bee: "... And Aster?"

Marigold: "She's, uh, bathing and preening in the water..."

Red Bee: "WHAT!?! Seriously?!? RaaAH! She's always so lazy!"

Red Bee: "... Marigold, keep an eye on them, Especially the bird! And don't make friends with them! I'll go drag Aster through this passage. Where is it?"

Marigold: "There's this big rock and behind it there's a smaller rock and it's next to it. We'd have to crawl through."

Red Bee: "Alright. I'll check it out with Aster. Don't hesitate to use your blades against these two if they don't behave!"

Marigold has a bit of a worried look. Red Bee leaves.
>>
No. 726992 ID: 17e791
File 146473887354.gif - (16.95KB , 800x600 , 051.gif )
726992

Emerald and I are now alone with the Bee in orange.

... Also known as Marigold.

Marigold: "... Soooooo, why is she tied up?"
>>
No. 726997 ID: 211d83

She got heat stroke out in the desert and started raving a bit. So I tied her up so she would not thrash around while I got her water.

She had just woken up and was feeling better when you wandered in the cave. So never got the chance to untie her.
>>
No. 726999 ID: ec5d91

"Because you guys interrupted our bondage session."
>>
No. 727001 ID: 15a025

We were in a middle of practicing her magic act.
>>
No. 727002 ID: 93244f

>"And don't make friends with them!"
Totally make friends with Marigold.
>>
No. 727004 ID: 8371c4

"What you don't tie up your friends for fun?!"
act like she's weird for askin'.
>>
No. 727023 ID: 350a50

>>726999
This.
>>
No. 727027 ID: 35151f

>>726999
this with a bit of
>>727004
>>
No. 727040 ID: 398fe1

>>726992
She was bad so she's in time out. (it's not even a lie)
>>
No. 727043 ID: 2ce93e

Ask HER if she likes to sing-a.
>>
No. 727212 ID: 2a7417

Offer to help her preen later. You're a bird, you know how that works.
>>
No. 727218 ID: 17e791
File 146480519698.gif - (18.21KB , 800x600 , 052.gif )
727218

>Dialogue x2
>act like she's weird for askin'.

Raven: "Because you guys interrupted our bondage session."

Marigold: "Oh my!"

Emerald: "what"

Raven: "What? You don't tie up your friends for fun?!"

Marigold: "What? No! I never do that!"

Raven: "That is really weird. How do you ever not?!"

Marigold: "Wh- I-"

Emerald: "Why are you lying? We were not doing that! We're both fully clothed anyway!"

Marigold: "Oh..."

>Dialogue

Raven: "Actually, she was bad so she's in time out."

Marigold looks to Emerald who only responds with an annoyed look. The bee's expression relaxes a bit after confirming that I was telling the truth this time.

>Totally make friends with Marigold.

Bondage jokes are totally the best way to make friends! Marigold seems a bit hurt though. How did this not work?
>>
No. 727219 ID: 17e791
File 146480520463.gif - (17.85KB , 800x600 , 053.gif )
727219

>Ask Emerald if she's okay. That looked like quite the fall there.

Raven: "Emerald, are you ok? That fall-"

Emerald: "Yeah! Doing great! Hey bee! Those flowers are neat!"

Marigold: "Aaw! You guys are weird, but at least you're caring and sweet!

She turns to Emerald.

Marigold: "Thank you!"

>Ask HER if she likes to sing-a.

Raven: "I don't know why but I reeeally want to know if you bees like to sing!"

Marigold: "Oh! Well I do like singing! But I can't do it around other people. I used to and Poppy told me I was too loud and that it was unprofessional. So I only sing when I'm alone. It's mostly humming though. I don't know if the others do too. Except for Azalea. Her singing is beautiful! I guess she sings quieter too..."

Marigold: "What about you two? Do you sing?!"
>>
No. 727221 ID: 595d54

Sing "Unhand her, Dan Backslide!" for 10 hours.
>>
No. 727222 ID: 35151f

>>727219
oh hey, Emerald's got some sorta plan. Neato.
As for what to sing, got any good songs from your homeland? Always fun stuff there.
>>
No. 727227 ID: 2a7417

Perform a musical number about the nice bees letting the bird and friends go.
>>
No. 727234 ID: abadf3

I LOVE TO SING-A
ABOUT THE MOON-A AND THE JUNE-A AND THE SPRING-A
>>
No. 727287 ID: 15a025

>>727234
This-a!
>>
No. 727293 ID: 350a50

"My mom taught me to play the violin and the lute, actually. I didn't bring one though. I travel light."
>>
No. 727778 ID: 7d01b5
File 146506368161.gif - (18.44KB , 800x600 , 054.gif )
727778

>oh hey, Emerald's got some sorta plan. Neato.

Does she? She seemed to mostly be trying to change the subject of her falling off the bed.

>As for what to sing, got any good songs from your homeland? Always fun stuff there.

Raven: "Well, I am the bard of our party. Maybe I could sing a little something!"

Marigold: "Ooo, yes!"

Ignoring urges to channel owl music, I think back to my homeland...
>>
No. 727779 ID: 7d01b5
File 146506368530.gif - (16.76KB , 800x600 , 055.gif )
727779

A song pops up in my memory and I start singing it the best I can. I try to control some of the gravelly caws that seems to want to surface when I make my voice loud. The song speaks of the sky, the wind and being free. The last part is more ambiguous. But as I remember, it is believe to be about losing one's wings and, as a result, said freedom. Eventually, the lyrics ends in my mind and so does my singing.
>>
No. 727780 ID: 7d01b5
File 146506369172.gif - (16.50KB , 800x600 , 056.gif )
727780

Marigold: "Oh, that was a pretty song... I really like the part about flying!"

Emerald: "So all of it?"

Marigold: "Yeah!"

>Dialogue

Raven: "My mom taught me to play the violin and the lute, also. I didn't bring one though. I travel light."

Marigold: "Aw too bad, I would have wanted to hear some more music! It's great that you can play some instruments though! Odd combination though... I never got to play any instruments. All our time were spent training."

Emerald: "So, Bee, you say you've found a secret passage?"

Marigold: "Oh yeah!"

Emerald: "Show me."

Marigold: "Wh- I'm suppose to watch you guys to make sure you don't go anywhere!"
>>
No. 727781 ID: 9e99b2

>>727780
>"Wh- I'm suppose to watch you guys to make sure you don't go anywhere!"
Exactly! You show us and keep an eye on us. No problem!
>>
No. 727782 ID: 3663d3

yeah, but you can watch us anywhere.
>>
No. 727904 ID: 398fe1

Don't worry Marigold, we won't run off. Poppy has made it clear you guys mean business.
>>
No. 727907 ID: 350a50

>>727904
We promise we'll be good!
>>
No. 728001 ID: 7d01b5
File 146516534033.gif - (23.27KB , 800x600 , 057.gif )
728001

057

>Dialogue x2

Raven: "Exactly! You show us and keep an eye on us. No problem! You can watch us anywhere!"

Marigold: "I don't know, is that what Poppy meant?"

Emerald: "Don't you want to see the secret too?"

Marigold: "... maybe."

>Dialogue x2

Raven: "Don't worry Marigold, we won't run off. Poppy has made it clear you guys mean business. We promise we'll be good!"

Emerald: "And I'm sure you could stop us anyway. You're good at what you do right?"

Marigold: "... Oh, alright!"

She excitedly stands back up. She asks me while gesturing to Emerald.

Marigold: "Um... Can you carry her? I mean, can you lift her? If you can, then you have to."
>>
No. 728027 ID: 15a025

You seem strong enough that you could carry her.
>>
No. 728030 ID: c22069

Pick up that witch, hug hold mode engage!
>>
No. 728046 ID: 90f3c0

Feign weakness so Marigold has to carry her. Having your hands full would put you at a disadvantage.
>>
No. 728079 ID: 398fe1

>>728001
Tell her you're not that strong. You'd rather untie her so she can walk on her own.
>>
No. 728213 ID: b7883c

Carry her. That way we could unravel the sheets if we need to (and I'm still not quiiite sure she wouldn't do something impulsive or evil).
>>
No. 728413 ID: dba348

Find some large potato sacks and have a sack race to the secret passage
>>
No. 728634 ID: 7d01b5
File 146551419823.gif - (14.09KB , 800x600 , 058.gif )
728634

>You seem strong enough that you could carry her.
>Pick up that witch, hug hold mode engage!
>Carry her. That way we could unravel the sheets if we need to

While I weight my options for a fraction of a second, I decide to carry Emerald myself in Hug Hold Mode! Emerald seems surprised.

Marigold: "Thank you! Let's go!"

Alright, we're going to the secret passage instead of staying in this room. Do I have an end goal here...?
>>
No. 728638 ID: 398fe1

>>728634
Well first you need to find out if you're actually in danger. Get chummy with Marigold and find out what they're going to do. If it's bad, convince Emerald not to kill everyone if you let her out, then complain to Marigold that you're getting tired and you think Emerald has had enough time out anyway so you'd like to untie her.

Then do so, and Emerald can overpower the bees.
>>
No. 728641 ID: f6442a

Your goal is to seduce a bee into joining your party. Or at least wiggling their butt in one of those flower dances.
>>
No. 728646 ID: 38839c

goals are for squares
>>
No. 728782 ID: 99a64d

>>728646
We should try to get some squares made of gold.
>>
No. 728805 ID: 79a07e

>>728634
Generally, we want to see exactly if we need to fear for our lives properly, and if so, how to get out of the situation. If not, we want to see if perhaps we can work out some kind of deal.

I wonder where our friends are doing...
>>
No. 728824 ID: 350a50

>>728805
This.
>>
No. 728954 ID: 7d01b5
File 146568865334.gif - (20.63KB , 800x600 , 059.gif )
728954

>Get chummy with Marigold and find out what they're going to do.
>Your goal is to seduce a bee into joining your party.
>Generally, we want to see exactly if we need to fear for our lives properly

Alright, getting info from Marigold could be the immediate plan. Although I've only tried asking Poppy about what they are doing here... And getting a bee to join our party can be an optional thing I could go for.

>I wonder where our friends are doing...

Hopefully, they're ok. I would imagine that they are looking for Emerald's research right now. But they don't know that there are more, potentially dangerous people here now... They are fighters though and they have all the weapons. So hopefully they can at least defend themselves. The bees are pretty fast...

After crossing a room full of mounts, we make our way under Lucy's room. There's water on the floor and it is a bit difficult to not slip while carrying Emerald. We arrive at the passage.

Emerald: "Mmm..."

Marigold: "I know! Mysterious!"

Emerald: "Very! Let's see where this leads."

Marigold: "Y-yeah!"

Raven: "Don't worry Mari, you're doing a good job keeping watch over us!"

Marigold: "Aw, thanks!"

We enter the passage...
>>
No. 728955 ID: 8984ef

Compliment Marigold on how well the hat looks on her.
>>
No. 728957 ID: 15a025

Ask Mari to show you some cool sword tricks and or moves.
>>
No. 729808 ID: 7d01b5
File 146603262722.gif - (30.98KB , 800x600 , 060.gif )
729808

We're now in the old hallway.

Marigold: "Ooo, this is so exciting! I've never been in a secret passage before! I should ask Calla if we could built some where we live! They would be fun and useful!"

Emerald: "Yes... useful..."

>Compliment Marigold on how well the hat looks on her.

Raven: "Marigold, that hat looks great on you!"

Marigold: "Eee, thanks! I thought to bring it along for you and might as well wear it to free my hands."

>Ask Mari to show you some cool sword tricks and or moves.

Raven: "So you know some cool sword trick or moves?"

Marigold: "Yeah! Me and my sisters had to train real hard to be some of the most effective fighters. Our deal is to be fast and precise, but we do have some pretty cool things we can do!"

Raven: "Can you show us something?"

Marigold: "Sure!"
>>
No. 729809 ID: 7d01b5
File 146603263371.gif - (39.08KB , 800x600 , 061.gif )
729809

Suddenly, Marigold throws Emerald's hat up in the air. With a BZZZ, She then jumps above Emerald and I while doing a flip, sword flying around us! I can feel the wind from the blade as they swish by us.
>>
No. 729810 ID: 7d01b5
File 146603264075.gif - (35.53KB , 800x600 , 062.gif )
729810

Marigold then lands in front of us and then catches Emerald's hat, putting it back on her own head.

Marigold: "Ta-daaa!"
>>
No. 729821 ID: 931f9d

CHECK YOUR NECK
>>
No. 729823 ID: 398fe1

Haha, cool. Fast and precise, huh? Sounds like a forward guard... for royalty maybe? Are they making sure the place is safe before their queen bee moves in?
>>
No. 729887 ID: c1eac4

>>729823
They did say/imply they were scouts already, so this seems good to ask about.
>>
No. 730037 ID: 7d01b5
File 146612035538.gif - (28.54KB , 800x600 , 063.gif )
730037

After Marigold let us pass her, we keep going...

>CHECK YOUR NECK

Still holding my head in place!

>Haha, cool. Fast and precise, huh? Sounds like a forward guard... for royalty maybe? Are they making sure the place is safe before their queen bee moves in?
>They did say/imply they were scouts already, so this seems good to ask about.

Raven: "So you guys are scouting, right? Is it for royalty? Are you making sure the place is safe before your queen bee moves in?"

Marigold: "Oh, not at all! Our Queen Bee has to stay in our kingdom and can't really travel. Unless it was an emergency... But I don't think there's anything going on over there right now. We're just rounding up anyone we find. Then Ava will decide if you're enemies or not! Ava's not royalty, but she might be one day! She just hired me and my sisters for something and things went wrong and we had to escape in the desert. We got very lucky finding this place but Ava has a lot of enemies for some reason. Just making sure this place is safe for her!"
>>
No. 730046 ID: 398fe1

Oh. Well, I don't think that's going to be a problem.
>>
No. 730088 ID: 79a07e

>>730037
Ssssoooo...they're just paranoid, then? Huh.
Well...okay I guess? Not like we're gonna hurt anything.

Should probably reassure them that we're not exactly dangerous folks. (Except Emerald, but shhhhh.)
Onward.
>>
No. 730097 ID: 350a50

>>730037
"Well, we're not your enemies unless you make us enemies. And you're doing a good job of not doing that! Good job, Marigold."
>>
No. 730106 ID: bb60bd

Straight up ask her if she wants to be your friend.
>>
No. 731067 ID: 7d01b5
File 146646218730.gif - (21.81KB , 800x600 , 064.gif )
731067

>Oh. Well, I don't think that's going to be a problem.
>Should probably reassure them that we're not exactly dangerous folks. (Except Emerald, but shhhhh.)
>Dialogue

Raven: "W-"

Emerald: "Wow! The red one wouldn't tell us anything! Thanks for the info!"

Marigold: "... Wait, really?"

Marigold: "Oh. Ooh no! No no no no no! Oh no! OH NO! Uuuuuhh Uuum, I- uh, I was lying! Please forget everything I said! Oh no..."

Marigold is panicking.

Raven: "Marigold, it's ok, we're not dangerous folk. And we're not your enemies! And you're doing a good job! Good job, Marigold!"

Marigold: "Poppy won't think I did a good job! I don't know that I did a good job! I don't know! Oh what should I do!? Poppy will get so mad! And disappointed! Oooooohhhh..."
>>
No. 731083 ID: 398fe1

>>731067
Tell her you'll keep it a secret.
>>
No. 731094 ID: 350a50

>>731083
Don't worry, if we're secret friends Poppy won't get mad.
>>
No. 731099 ID: a075ba

>>731067
How about we just lie and pretend you didn't say anything? Then no one gets mad.
>>
No. 731157 ID: 15a025

>>731067
She'll only be disappointed if she finds out.
>>
No. 731193 ID: 79a07e

>>731067
Oh my god she's such a loveable goober I just wanna hug her and pat her and tell her it'll all be okay.
>>
No. 731220 ID: 9f3729

>>731193
so let's do it, we totally won't get stabbed or anything
>>
No. 731255 ID: 2a7417

>>731220
Thirding this.
>>
No. 731259 ID: 55e284

Hugs are the best medicine
>>
No. 731593 ID: 7d01b5
File 146671791678.gif - (21.11KB , 800x600 , 065.gif )
731593

>Oh my god she's such a loveable goober I just wanna hug her and pat her and tell her it'll all be okay.
>so let's do it, we totally won't get stabbed or anything
>Thirding this
>Hugs are the best medicine

Seeing the poor bee in distress, I move in for... an emergency hug!

Raven: "There, there, it'll all be ok! You've done nothing wrong."

Marigold is a bit surprise but stops shaking. She hugs me back with her free arms.

Marigold: "Hu-? I... Ok. Mmm..."

>Straight up ask her if she wants to be your friend.
>Tell her you'll keep it a secret.
>Dialogue
>How about we just lie and pretend you didn't say anything? Then no one gets mad.
>She'll only be disappointed if she finds out.

Raven: "Don't worry, if we're secret friends Poppy won't get mad. Do you want us the be friends? We can pretend that you didn't tell me anything. And she won't be disappointed."

Marigold: "... friends? yay! But I still disobeyed Poppy. Maybe we should have stayed back..."

Emerald: "No way!"
>>
No. 731594 ID: 7d01b5
File 146671792048.gif - (16.90KB , 800x600 , 066.gif )
731594

...

Emerald: "I landed on a rock."
>>
No. 731595 ID: 7d01b5
File 146671792526.gif - (17.61KB , 800x600 , 067.gif )
731595

Emerald: "But we're going forward! Never to look back! And it's not like we can go back with our eyes closed! We'd trip all over this old hallway alone! So onward to the lab!"

Marigold: "..."
>>
No. 731596 ID: 9f3729

>>731595
"Oops. Sorry, emerald."
>pick crazy magic friend up again, carry forward.
>>
No. 731597 ID: f65280

Indeed! Onward down this secret passage that we've never seen before and have no idea where it leads!
>>
No. 731603 ID: 350a50

Sound logic, Emerald
>>
No. 731883 ID: 7d01b5

>>731597
I can read this suggestion in 2 different tones. Can you elaborate what you're getting at with this suggestion?
>>
No. 731885 ID: f65280

>>731883
My intention was that we're pretending we have no idea where this tunnel leads, right? But Emerald kind of slipped up there, so that was an attempt at covering/reminding Emerald of the pretense. But you should read it in the tone that you think would be the most fun!
>>
No. 731886 ID: 7d01b5

>>731885
Ah, well I felt like either way I could read into it wouldn't "honor" either your suggestion or the story if I had picked the wrong one. So I was making sure. =3
>>
No. 731936 ID: 79a07e

>>731885
Wait, we know where this leads?
>>
No. 731939 ID: 7d01b5

>>731936
http://tgchan.org/wiki/2_Frames_Quest Go here to find thread 1 if you missed it!
>>
No. 731940 ID: 79a07e

>>731939
No, I remember that whole thing, just...okay, apparently I'm just stupid because I didn't recognize it.
>>
No. 731978 ID: 7d01b5

>>731940
Nah, it's an old abandoned secret hallway that Raven and Lucy passed through for only a couple of updates. I'd say it's a pretty forgettable part of the environment. Especially since it happen like months ago for us. And only earlier today for Raven. Anyway, if I have more to respond, I'll use the dis thread cause this back and forth is getting long for the quest thread.
>>
No. 732393 ID: 91ee5f

Raven pick up Emerald and carry her through the door and then when Marigold comes in behind you say, "Oops. I can't open the door while I'm carrying Emerald. Marigold, do you think you can squeeze past us and open the door?" And then all 3 of you proceed to awkwardly shuffle around each other in the closet.
>>
No. 733631 ID: 7d01b5
File 146765750070.gif - (21.76KB , 800x600 , 068.gif )
733631

>Dialogue and action

Raven: "Oops. Sorry Emerald!"

I pick Emerald back up off the floor.

>Indeed! Onward down this secret passage that we've never seen before and have no idea where it leads!

Raven: "Alright! Let's keep going then to discover where this hallway leads to!"

Emerald: "Finally!"

Raven: "..."

Marigold: "Mmmrgn, alright..."
>>
No. 733632 ID: 7d01b5
File 146765750546.gif - (27.65KB , 800x600 , 069.gif )
733632

For some reason, I try to think of ways to get into awkward situations in the closet again. But the wood panel is in the way and I have my hands full.

Raven: "Um, Marigold, I'm holding - this is Emerald and I'm Raven by the way - I'm holding Emerald, could you open this panel?"

Marigold: "Oh! Yeah sure! And nice to meet you two!"

Marigold opens the panel.
>>
No. 733633 ID: 7d01b5
File 146765751001.gif - (46.96KB , 800x600 , 070.gif )
733633

Marigold makes a short startled gasp.

Poppy is here.

Poppy: "...Marigold!"
>>
No. 733634 ID: 7d01b5

>>733633
That was suppose to be a U, not an S... And by that I mean, underline not strike-trough. Whoops.
>>
No. 733659 ID: 324ec5

>>733633
"oh, there you are! hello!"
>>
No. 733661 ID: dfdb1e

It's time for inaction. Again...
Poppy is angry with Marigold, and we don't want to direct miss stab-stab's rage toward you.
Nevertheless we shouldn't let Poppy get in too much trouble. If it looks like she is stumbling on her version of the events too much you can interject on her favor. Careful though.
Aster didn't considered you as a threat, so she will be either indifferent or favorable to Marigold antics. The more she support Poppy the less you will need to.
>>
No. 733662 ID: 91ee5f

>>733633
Raven: "She forced us to follow her because she was worried about you two and she didn't want to leave us alone, so that's why we're all down here!"
>>
No. 733670 ID: f65280

Just be quiet and keep out of the way
>>
No. 733697 ID: 350a50

>>733670
This.
>>
No. 734547 ID: 7d01b5

>>733661
Is it possible that you said "Poppy" a couple of times when you meant "Marigold"? I can see 2 occasions where that might be the case.
>>
No. 734550 ID: 91ee5f

>>734547
Yes, they meant "Marigold" and not "Poppy" in those 2 occasions.
>>
No. 734554 ID: dfdb1e

>>733697
Probable. I don't remember writing it.
Awesome quest by the way.

>>
No. 735421 ID: 7d01b5
File 146836717056.gif - (24.06KB , 800x600 , 071.gif )
735421

>Just be quiet and keep out of the way
>This.
>If it looks like (Marigold) is stumbling on her version of the events too much you can interject on her favor.

I keep quiet for now.

Poppy: "What are you doing here? What were your orders?!"

Marigold: "T-to guard the c-captives..."

Poppy: "So why are you here?! You never listen to anything I ever tell you! Do you understand how dangerous this place might be? If you don't follow orders, we could all die and you would be the first one to go!"

Marigold: "..."

Marigold only hangs her head low, saying nothing... I should help her.

>Dialogue

Poppy: "All I ever ask of you is to listen! Why won't you ever listen to me?!"

Raven: "She forced us to follow her because she was worried about you two and she didn't want to leave us alone, so that's why we're all down here!"

Poppy: "... What?! What kind of games are you playing now?!"

Female Voice: "Poppy, what is going on here?"
>>
No. 735422 ID: 7d01b5
File 146836717551.gif - (20.38KB , 800x600 , 072.gif )
735422

Someone else is here.

Poppy: "Uh, don't worry Miss. One of our own required a refresher on discipline. I have it under control."

Female Impala: "And what is the problem specifically?"

Poppy: "... Um, Marigold here was ordered to stay back and guard the captives but she disobeyed and lead them here."

The Impala looks at everyone in the old hallway one by one, scanning each one of us from head to toe. Her gaze finally settles on Poppy again and then she speaks again.

Female Impala: "I don't see the problem here."

Poppy: "... Wh- Bu-?!"

Female Impala: "You need to have more faith in your sister's skills, Poppy. One of the captive is tied up and the other one have their hands full, with the previous captive no less. I'm sure Marigold can handle a simple escort like this. Besides, we were on our way to get them. This way, Marigold saved us some time."

She addresses Marigold.

Female Impala: "Good foresight, Marigold."
>>
No. 735423 ID: 7d01b5
File 146836717904.gif - (26.55KB , 800x600 , 073.gif )
735423

The Impala, walks by the two bees and up to Emerald and I.

Female Impala: "... You two sure are... an interesting pair."
>>
No. 735424 ID: 15a025

Tell her thanks you.
>>
No. 735426 ID: 9f3729

>>735423
"Erm... Thanks? I think? I'm still not quite sure what's going on, but hello."
>>
No. 735428 ID: 398fe1

>>735423
Introduce yourself and Emerald, and show some respect because she looks like she must be royalty.
>>
No. 735430 ID: dfdb1e

She is reasonable and have no idea how dangerous Emerald is. Your chances of survive just got a little higher.
Ask what they are going to do with you and when will they leave.
>>
No. 735431 ID: 59bd8b

Agreed, let's introduce ourselves. After that ask her about length of her duration and if you could live through this. tell her that you and your friend are kinda scared about dieing considering how Poppy was acting. Also show some respect, it just might save your lives.
>>
No. 735492 ID: af6e04

She seems nice! Tell her we're scared and don't want to be prisoners anymore.
>>
No. 735503 ID: 8111b6

>>735423
Thanks and introductions are in order.

Maybe ask in a whisper if Poppy is always that much of a grump. Or not in a whisper if you don't care about Poppy getting angry. Again.
>>
No. 735614 ID: 7d01b5
File 146845779490.gif - (29.32KB , 800x600 , 074.gif )
735614

>Tell her thanks you.
>Thanks and introductions are in order.
>Dialogue

Raven: "Erm... Thanks? I think? I'm still not quite sure what's going on, but hello."

Female Impala: "Hi! It's alright though. I'll have to apologize since keeping you in the dark is part of our safety procedure. I understand that it can be quite confusing."

>Introduce yourself and Emerald, and show some respect because she looks like she must be royalty.
>Also show some respect, it just might save your lives.
>Agreed, let's introduce ourselves.

Raven: "My name is Raven Pecks and this here is Emerald. P-pleasure to make your acquaintance!"

Female Impala: "My name is Ophi, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual. I guess we will see soon."

>tell her that you and your friend are kinda scared about dieing considering how Poppy was acting.
>Tell her we're scared and don't want to be prisoners anymore.
>Maybe ask in a whisper if Poppy is always that much of a grump.

I do that one "um" where it sounds like I want to ask something silently while trying to lean towards Ophi.

Raven: "um..."

She gets closer.

Raven: "Is Poppy always such a grump? Me and my friend are kind of fearing for our lives, especially with how she acted towards us-"

Emerald: "I'm not scared!"

Ophi: "Oh don't worry about Poppy! She's just dedicated to her job, which is a pretty good trait I'd say. Although I will agree that she can sometimes a bit to severe at times, but she means well!"

>Ask what they are going to do with you and when will they leave.
>After that ask her about length of her duration and if you could live through this.

Raven: "Can we know what you will do with us? And how long you plan on staying here? A-Are we gonna live through this?"

Ophi: "You don't have to worry too much. I'd say that your chances of living are quite good. But our leader would know better. Speaking of her, we're going to see her right now! And I'm not sure how long we'll stay here. We're just taking shelter from the sandstorm, but recent events probably cancelled a lot of our future plans."
>>
No. 735615 ID: 7d01b5
File 146845779910.gif - (35.25KB , 800x600 , 075.gif )
735615

Ophi: "At any rate, we should go see my boss! Marigo- wait who's hat is on the floor here?"

Marigold: "Oh! It's hers but I was carrying it for her."

Ophi: "Ah... Well pick it off the floor then! And take the rear guard."

Marigold follows the order and is now behind us wearing Emerald's hat again.
>>
No. 735616 ID: 7d01b5
File 146845780355.gif - (31.90KB , 800x600 , 076.gif )
735616

Ophi addresses Poppy.

Ophi: "The one that is tied up - Emerald - did she give you much trouble?"

Poppy: "N-not really, she was tied up when we got here..."

Ophi: "Really...?"

She takes a look at Emerald.

Ophi: "...Poppy, you should carry her."

Poppy takes a moment to react but then moves to grab Emerald from me.
>>
No. 735624 ID: 398fe1

>>735616
...let her. If there's a fight, then Poppy has her hands full and won't be able to join combat immediately.
>>
No. 735625 ID: fb1c7d

Not only can we not do much, but our best chance of living is listening to the Ophi. She's been fairly nice to us and our chances go up the less we annoy her.
>>
No. 735670 ID: 9f3729

>>735616
Nod to emerald, then serve up the wizard like the cute armadillo breakfast burrito she is.
>>
No. 735677 ID: dfdb1e

Wait. Ask if Emerald find this acceptable. She should have reason to fear.
Don't forget that even with your hands free you can't do anything. As long as you carry Emerald you got the option of releasing her if things get too desperate.
>>
No. 735678 ID: 91ee5f

"Careful, she's heavier than she looks." And then when Poppy takes Emerald, Raven says, "Thank you! I thought my arms were going to fall off!"
>>
No. 735682 ID: dfdb1e

>>735678
Don't offend Emerald.
>>
No. 735686 ID: 350a50

>>735678
nah
>>
No. 735693 ID: 398fe1

What if Raven was actually fairly strong and carrying Emerald around was no big deal? That'd be cool.
>>
No. 735702 ID: 91ee5f

>>735682
>>735686
Awww, you guys are no fun.
>>
No. 736044 ID: 7d01b5
File 146862889778.gif - (31.05KB , 800x600 , 077.gif )
736044

>...let her.
>Nod to emerald, then serve up the wizard like the cute armadillo breakfast burrito she is.
>Wait. Ask if Emerald find this acceptable. She should have reason to fear.

Raven: "Emerald, You don't mind, do you?"

Emerald: "If you want to know who is scared, maybe you should ask her."

Ophi: "Fear has nothing to do with anything here. Simple precaution. We wouldn't want you- well, you'd be safer in our hands, let's say."

Emerald: "So you admit my magic is stronger than yours then!"

Ophi: "Absolutely not! You have no idea how strong my magic is!"

Emerald: "Maybe we should find out since you're not afraid!"

Both look at each other practically with electricity, not literally. Finally Ophi speaks.

Ophi: "Pffuh! We don't need to be wasting our time here. We have a place to be! Poppy, the sooner you take her the sooner we go!"

Frozen during the exchange, Poppy moves in the closing inch and grabs Emerald. My hands are now free, but now I can't easily free Emerald if an emergency arises.
>>
No. 736045 ID: 7d01b5
File 146862890364.gif - (32.34KB , 800x600 , 078.gif )
736045

We all move to the lab's corridors.

Ophi: "... Mmm. Marigold, bring Raven here."

Marigold: "This way..."

We both approach Ophi.

Ophi: "Alright, now go see if you can find anyone else, preferably Ava. Then return here to tell us where they went."

Marigold: "O-ok!"

Marigold then dashes down the hallway in a very speedy manner and turns a corner out of out sights.

Ophi: "So, what were you guys doing in the middle of the desert anyway?"
>>
No. 736050 ID: 79a07e

>>736045
Honestly, just kinda exploring.
>>
No. 736053 ID: 350a50

"I am searching for the fragments of the lost song of my people."
>>
No. 736056 ID: 15a025

Having a fun time exploring.
>>
No. 736057 ID: fb1c7d

Tell her we were exploring, and that when she and her bodyguards showed up we were on our way out to one of the nearby towns.
>>
No. 736078 ID: 91ee5f

Well, we were being held against our will by a bunch of bees. Right now, we're being held against our will by a bunch of bees and an impala.
>>
No. 736460 ID: 7d01b5
File 146878347781.gif - (22.91KB , 800x600 , 079.gif )
736460

>Honestly, just kinda exploring.
>Having a fun time exploring.
>Tell her we were exploring, and that when she and her bodyguards showed up we were on our way out to one of the nearby towns.

Raven: "I was just exploring really. But then you and your bodyguards showed up when I was on my way to the nearby towns."

Ophi: "Ah. Seems like everyone's plans get interrupted by others..."

She looks at Emerald.

Ophi: "I'll assume that she isn't travelling with you?"
>>
No. 736464 ID: 350a50

"Not yet. We met under some poor circumstances, but I was hoping to change that."
>>
No. 736465 ID: 398fe1

She knows Emerald was up to no good...

>>736464
Yeah.
>>
No. 736466 ID: 9f3729

>>736464
aaayep
>>
No. 736468 ID: 59bd8b

Our first meeting didn't go well but we're becoming fast friends. I was hoping we could travel together and get closer.
>>
No. 736477 ID: dfdb1e

May I suggest avoid the "poor circumstances" topic.
Ophi already suspect Emerald, so confirming her suspicions will only give her moral ground to be more threatening to the witch.
>>
No. 736534 ID: 7d01b5
File 146880485199.gif - (25.65KB , 800x600 , 080.gif )
736534

>"Not yet. We met under some poor circumstances, but I was hoping to change that."
>She knows Emerald was up to no good...
>Our first meeting didn't go well but we're becoming fast friends. I was hoping we could travel together and get closer.
>May I suggest avoid the "poor circumstances" topic. Ophi already suspect Emerald, so confirming her suspicions will only give her moral ground to be more threatening to the witch.

Mmm, maybe avoiding to confirm Ophi suspicions is better. Emerald is kinda wild and I am trying to help her change her ways. But it would be better for now that others don't get too suspicious of her.

Emerald: "Or COOOURSE-"
Raven: "-WE'RE BUDS! Haha, yeah I mean we just met here but we're becoming fast friends! Isn't that right Emmy?!"

Emerald: "Uh- Y-yeah! Yeah! We're pretty much best friends already! ...Ravy? So why don't you summon some familiars to be friends with or something? Haha!"

Ophi: "I have friends."

Emerald: "Or course you do."
>>
No. 736535 ID: 7d01b5
File 146880485581.gif - (24.46KB , 800x600 , 081.gif )
736535

Raven: "But yeah, she hasn't agreed to join me on my travel yet, but I'm hoping to change that! I was hoping we could travel together and get closer!"

Ophi: "... Well it would be a shame if she'd refuse."

Emerald: "Yeah?! Well! It won't be, because I'm totally going with her! Yeah! We'll travel everywhere! We'll be the best travelers the world have ever seen! We won't miss an inch!"

!!!

Ophi: "Well that is good news!"

Emerald: "YEAH!"

Ophi: "Well at any rate, Marigold should be getting here soon."

Ophi: "I should tie people up next time I try to persuade them..."
>>
No. 736571 ID: dfdb1e

I'm gonna assume everybody in this universe have worse observing skills than Raven and the last comment was completely unironic.
Ophi seem to be abandoning the subject, but if she insist you should give the bondage excuse a second chance. Excluding imprisonment, fetish may be the only believable explanation to why you would immobilize your friend on a bed, in a cave far from the main building, and then play dress up.
If she doesn't, try small talk. Ask about the weather, how long will the storm last, what news she have from nearby towns, what places are good to visit, where should you avoid, anything that may distract her from exploring quickly.
>>
No. 736572 ID: 9f3729

Whisper to Ophi that that doesn't usually work and is, in fact, a bad idea
>>
No. 736575 ID: 398fe1

Tell Emerald that she better not back out of this!
>>
No. 736576 ID: 2e2d71

>>736572
Stage-whisper: "it only works if they're into that."
>>
No. 736585 ID: 7d01b5

>>736571
Well, it goes to show that it's hard to see sarcasm in text, especially since I read that first phrase of yours as a joke and then started doubting it cause I really can't tell through text really, haha. But to make sure, since Raven could hear it, Ophi is being sarcastic with the last comment. Kind of a closing statements to herself about these two, type thing.

Having said that, yeah, I don't know the best way to convey something like sarcasm through text. I guess I have had Raven call out how a character say something before, so I should just remind myself that any time something is heard through voices, I have to make sure I write it, lol.

>>
No. 736597 ID: dfdb1e

>>736585
That read extremely sarcastic, but many times in this quest characters show themselves oblivious to clues and insinuations. I assumed that was in the nature of a story about a defenseless protagonist.
My commentary was more a statement on what I think is best way to deal with that statement. Sincere or sarcastic, Raven got to stick to her lies if she want to protect Emerald.

>>
No. 736610 ID: 7d01b5

>>736597
Mmm, maybe I made them come off that way either cause of me being lazy or trying to write something in a fragmented manner which is the first time I'm doing this and it can be hard to keep track of everything. Or it does happen that I'll make a character oblivious to something for the sake of comedy and it kind came back to haunt me when people are suppose to take some characters more seriously, haha. And then there are some characters that can be either oblivious or choose to ignore certain things without expressing that they are. Anyways, heheh.
>>
No. 736630 ID: dfdb1e

>>736610
I guess the last option describe me well...
I can't imagine any solution for this problem, if you believe it is a problem.

Also, is it me or does it feel like whispering in a room full of people?


Since that was pure sarcasm, maybe it's better to go direct to the bondage lie. "This is a little embarrassing..." followed by a dragged story of how you two decided to get personal in the back room. Hopefully the embarrassment will provide a long awkward pause.
>>
No. 736651 ID: 350a50

>>736630
Emerald rebutted that last time. She'll probably deny it again (which might lend credence to it actually).
>>
No. 736698 ID: 91ee5f

>>736651
Well if that's true, then let's say it! I'm going with the bondage lie! XD
>>
No. 736716 ID: 398fe1

Let's not embarrass Emerald with something silly like that.
>>
No. 740080 ID: 7d01b5
File 147009642668.gif - (24.20KB , 800x600 , 082.gif )
740080

>Whisper to Ophi that that doesn't usually work and is, in fact, a bad idea
>Stage-whisper: "it only works if they're into that."

I think of things to tell Ophi about her last comment.

>maybe it's better to go direct to the bondage lie.

But then I think I should bring back my bondage lie to explain ourselves as soon as possible.

>Emerald rebutted that last time. She'll probably deny it again

But if I do, Emerald will definitely deny it again.

>(which might lend credence to it actually)
>Well if that's true, then let's say it! I'm going with the bondage lie! XD

Which would work to add credence to it! Maybe I should say it anyway then!

>Let's not embarrass Emerald with something silly like that.

Oh but Emerald already shown she has rivalry against Ophi, it wouldn't be nice to embarrass her-
>>
No. 740081 ID: 7d01b5
File 147009643248.gif - (44.98KB , 800x600 , 083.gif )
740081

Oh well, Marigold is dashing back here.

Marigold: "Alright! They're this way!"

Ophi: "Thank you Marigold!"

We starts moving again.
>>
No. 740082 ID: 7d01b5
File 147009643870.gif - (40.17KB , 800x600 , 084.gif )
740082

After walking the same path that Lucy lead me the first time, we arrive at the portal room again. Marigold goes in first. Then Ophi does. However, as I cross the threshold, Ophi gasps and recoils! A bee in pink was there and both her and Marigold goes to her aid while Aster grabs me by a shoulder and prevents me from moving forward.

Marigold: "Miss Ophi! What's wrong!?"

Ophi: "This room...T-the magic here...!"

She looks ahead and spots the portal past the banister. She straighten up and walks forward to get a better look. She stands silent for moment, holding her hands together, then say:

Ophi: "T-this thing... emanates a lot of dark magic... I've never seen - felt such a thing!"

Bee in pink: "Calla and I felt it too! I mean, ma'am! When we entered this room, the atmosphere was uncomfortable!"

Marigold: "I don't like this room either!"

Ophi: "... Ava is here?"

Bee in Pink: "Yes ma'am! Down there!"

The bee in pink points over towards the base of the portal.

Ophi: "... Alright then. L-let's go see her. Azalea you can stay here and continue to stand guard."

Bee in Pink: "Yes ma'am!"
>>
No. 740083 ID: 7d01b5
File 147009644278.gif - (24.69KB , 800x600 , 085.gif )
740083

We continue forward. I can hear Aster and Poppy reacting to the room as they enter, I turn to check on them. While they both do look like they are put off by the atmosphere of this room, I can't help but catch a devious and satisfied smile from Emerald who quickly dispel her expression for one of a puzzling nature when she notices me looking at her.
>>
No. 740085 ID: 9f3729

>>740083
ah yes, the face of "oh shit they saw that"
Roll your eyes at her, dispel her worry. You knew she'd be a tough case, these flighty mage broads always are.
>>
No. 740086 ID: 350a50

Either she's stronger here somehow, or she's taking delight in everyone being in such awe of her work.

>>740083
Bat your eyelashes innocently.
>>
No. 740087 ID: 398fe1

Tell them they should probably keep Emerald away from the gate.
>>
No. 740094 ID: 59bd8b

Don't throw Emerald under the bus, don't tell them to keep Emerald away from the portal. Silently dispel her worries, show her that we're not against her. Don't talk to Ava until she speaks to you, you want to make a good first impression.
>>
No. 740116 ID: 79a07e

>>740083
Not too surprised. Yeah, let's keep silent until she says something. And hopefully make sure Emerald doesn't do anything silly. We don't want them to think we're playing them for saps.
>>
No. 740163 ID: f65280

I mean, it is pretty impressive, all things considered. Evil and malevolent in purpose, but dang impressive.

...now imagine how much cooler it would be if it were a portal to a dimension of infinite ice-cream or something nice
>>
No. 740165 ID: 398fe1

...ah, I hope Rip isn't hiding in this room. This would be the worst possible place for him to get into a fight. It could trigger part of the ritual, and we don't know if magic is even required for the rest of it. If it's just a recitation after the death of a lizard, Emerald could summon the demons even restrained as she is.

If you spot him, try to tell him not to attack or fight back.
>>
No. 742691 ID: ca0e20
File 147139090190.gif - (19.94KB , 800x600 , 086.gif )
742691

>Roll your eyes at her, dispel her worry.
>Silently dispel her worries, show her that we're not against her.

I do a quick eye roll as I turn forward.

>If you spot (Rip), try to tell him not to attack or fight back.

I will. It might also be a good thing to get him out of here.


While going down the stairs, I can see a couple of people standing on the ramp in front of the portal. One of them, the bird, is close enough to be touching it. As we approach they walk back over to the platform. The canine sits on one of the table blocks while the bird continues to walk down the stairs to meet us.

Aster: "Bird, you can stop walking here."
>>
No. 742692 ID: ca0e20
File 147139090591.gif - (19.65KB , 800x600 , 087.gif )
742692

I stop and then Poppy moves Emerald next to me. As the bird walks toward us, I can finally see her face properly. An owl. Ophi walks over to the bird and they meet some distance before us. Ophi starts to whisper things to her.
>>
No. 742693 ID: ca0e20
File 147139091604.gif - (24.11KB , 800x600 , 088.gif )
742693

>Don't talk to Ava until she speaks to you, you want to make a good first impression.
>Yeah, let's keep silent until she says something.

I stay silent and wait for Ava to address me. After a whispered back and forth, the Owl walks up to me and Emerald. She scans us from head to toe. She then moves in front of me to get a good look at my face. After some seconds, she moves to Emerald to do the same.

Emerald: "What are you looking at?"

Ava: "Mph."

Ava shows a small smile, like she found something. She then turns around to place herself where she can see us both again then faces us.

Ava: "So. What are you two doing here?"

Raven: "... We're travelers. We were on our way out of this place and this desert before we got captured."

Ava: "What about this other person that we haven't found? Have any idea where they are?"
>>
No. 742697 ID: 59bd8b

Well then, they know about Lucy. Not that it would be very hard to know about her, seeing as they have likely seen Emeralds tower and found us in Lucy's room. Tell her that we don't know where she is, but as long as we have an assurance of safety we would be willing to talk her into calming down if they find her.
>>
No. 742731 ID: 91ee5f

>>742697
No they don't know about Lucy. Raven only told them that there was 1 other person here and never said it was Lucy or Rip.

>>742693
"No, I don't know where, this place is huge! Might be lost or something."
>>
No. 742739 ID: 398fe1

>>742693
We're in the complex under Lucy's home, and Lucy is in the tower getting rid of Emerald's dark research. Technically speaking Raven didn't even lie when she said one other person was still here.

So let's continue speaking as if Rip is the only one worth mentioning. Say that he was going ahead to explore a passage you hadn't explored yet, but he could be anywhere in here by now. Heck he's probably hiding because he's seen the bees.
>>
No. 742761 ID: 350a50

>>742693
"I literally have no idea, they went off on their own before the storm hit."
>>
No. 742762 ID: ca0e20

>>742739
I might have not made it too clear, but the green lab is under the tower and the only thing under the mountain is the water area. The blue hallway connects both underground areas.
>>
No. 742771 ID: 398fe1

>>742762
Oh huh, then... I guess we have no idea where either of them are, if they haven't been found yet.
>>
No. 742939 ID: ca0e20
File 147147047361.gif - (42.70KB , 800x600 , 089.gif )
742939

>Dialoguex2

Raven: "I literally have no idea, they went off on their own before the storm hit. And this place is huge! Might be lost or something."

Ava: "And they are a friend of yours?"

Raven: "Yeah!"

Ava: "So they too travel with you?"

Raven: "Well previously, no. But I did offer them to join me. Verdict is still out on whether they will travel with me or not."

Ava: "Mmm..."

Ava thinks for a moment.

Ava: "Alright, Raven you are free to go. You can go anywhere as long as you don't go further in this room than you are now. You can wait out the storm and for your friend to turn up, and for us to be done with this one, but don't get in our way. I won't be charitable if I see you as a nuisance."

She turns to Marigold.

Ava: "Marigold... Nice hat."

Marigold: "Oh! Yeah! It's hers though."

Ava: "Well you can leave it here then. And go see Calla and tell her that you both can go scout what is beyond the door she is guarding."

Marigold: "Oh. O-ok!"

Marigold looks over Emerald and my direction and give a sneaky wave goodbye before going further in the room to join a bee dressed in white that I just noticed.
>>
No. 742942 ID: 398fe1

>>742939
Let's go looking for Rip, and try to tell him what's going on. Tell Emerald you'll be back later.

...actually maybe we should get some assurance that Emerald won't be harmed. It sounds like they're keeping her prisoner here, at least.
>>
No. 742955 ID: 350a50

"What about Emerald?"
>>
No. 742968 ID: fb1c7d

Emerald was completely left out of what she was saying, that probably means something bad. Check in, ask whats going on with Emerald and why she didn't say anything about her.
>>
No. 743532 ID: ca0e20
File 147174294636.gif - (31.63KB , 800x600 , 090.gif )
743532

>maybe we should get some assurance that Emerald won't be harmed. It sounds like they're keeping her prisoner here, at least.
>ask whats going on with Emerald and why she didn't say anything about her.
>Dialogue

She did mention Emerald, just not by name.

Raven: "Wait, what about Emerald? You're not gonna harm her are you?"

Ava: "I just have some extra questions for her. Once she answers them, she'll be as free as her bindings will allow her."

She turns to Emerald.

Ava: "Now, Emerald, was it? This place is yours?"

Emerald: "Yeah. It is."

Ava: "What can you tell me about this structure. I find it quite interesting..."
>>
No. 743534 ID: 398fe1

Interesting? It's awful!
>>
No. 743540 ID: 350a50

Don't leave these people alone here.
>>
No. 743644 ID: 3570a5

This place is horrible. Period. Nothing good about this place.
>>
No. 743666 ID: 91ee5f

"It looks scary! I have a bad feeling about this place!"

Raven's supposed to be pretending she's never been in this room before. So she can't say that she knows for a fact that the structure is evil, he can only say that it looks evil.
>>
No. 744206 ID: ca0e20
File 147206541358.gif - (29.55KB , 800x600 , 091.gif )
744206

>Don't leave these people alone here.

I'll try.

>Dialogue
>Raven's supposed to be pretending she's never been in this room before.

Raven: "It looks scary! I have a bad feeling about this place!"

Ava: "Raven. Please. If you you're not here to tell me what I want to know, don't speak."

Ava: "So Emerald, what can you tell me about this?"

Emerald: "Jus-"

Canine Lady: "Are you being serious Ava? This thing sucks! Why are you asking about it?"

There's a short flash of surprise in Ava's face before she turns away from us to look at the Jackal.
>>
No. 744207 ID: ca0e20
File 147206542160.gif - (45.12KB , 800x600 , 092.gif )
744207

Ava: "Rufa. We'll talk about this later. This is not the time."

Rufa: "Actually it is a great time! What the hell are you planning?! You owe it to us to tell us what you're thinking after the blunder we just went through!"

Ava: "Rufa! In case you didn't noticed, not everyone here is part of our group!"

Rufa: "What group?! The one you messed up yesterday? The one we can pretty much assume don't exist after your incompetence?! Who out there is still alive after what happened?! How are we suppose to believe anything you say anymore? We pretty much only can go in hiding because of you!"

Ava: "I've already told you that setbacks are to be expected! You shouldn't be surprised that something like this happened!"

Rufa: "THIS ISN'T A SETBACK! WE'RE DONE! WE'RE NOT RECOVERING FROM THIS!"

Ava: "There's nothing we can't recover from. Just as we fell we can rise again. All we need is an opportunity. If you don't believe me, do like I did and touch this structure in this room. Feel what I felt."
>>
No. 744208 ID: ca0e20
File 147206542564.gif - (30.03KB , 800x600 , 093.gif )
744208

Finally there's a beat.

Rufa: "That's your plan? Use the ominous thing surrounded by bad air? Go to hell, Ava."

The jackal jumps down from the platform then walks past us. She gives me a death look as we look at each other. She then continues on towards the stairs.

Ava: "Dammit Rufa. Why now?"
>>
No. 744212 ID: 15a025

Maybe you should ask what that was all about?
>>
No. 744218 ID: 398fe1

Maybe you should ask RUFA what that was all about. I doubt Ava is going to answer any questions and she might even send you out of the room if you try to talk again.
>>
No. 744252 ID: 350a50

>>744218
This. It sounds like exactly the kind of sown dissent we should nurture.
>>
No. 744378 ID: 3e182c

What was that about?
If Ava is still stuck on the portal subject, tell her it's a portal to hell. Literally.
They don't seem to be the types to use it.
>>
No. 744389 ID: 91ee5f

>>744378
SHHHHH!!!!! Raven's pretending she doesn't know what it is because this is her "first time" in this room!
>>
No. 745204 ID: ca0e20
File 147250402310.gif - (20.92KB , 800x600 , 094.gif )
745204

>tell her it's a portal to hell. Literally.
>SHHHHH!!!!! Raven's pretending she doesn't know what it is because this is her "first time" in this room!

It might be safest if I would tell her, but it would be at the expense of my cover. I might have to make that decision if it comes to it later though.

>Maybe you should ask what that was all about?
>Maybe you should ask RUFA what that was all about.
>This.
>What was that about?

I follow Rufa, which is a bit tricky since she's stomping away pretty fast, but I reach her as she reaches the stairs.

Raven: "Excuse me! Rufa was it? Can you tell me what that was about? Is there a problem?"

Rufa: "What?! Who the hell are you? Why would I tell you?! Buzz off!"

She starts climbing the stairs.
>>
No. 745208 ID: 15a025

Follow them and continue to ask them about what happen.
>>
No. 745224 ID: 398fe1

Apologize and say that you just wanted her to know you agree. Ava shouldn't be messing with that thing.

Also introduce yourself.
>>
No. 745226 ID: 3e182c

Friendliness levels to 11.
>>
No. 745236 ID: 350a50

>>745224
This.
>>
No. 745349 ID: ca0e20
File 147259740817.gif - (16.58KB , 800x600 , 095.gif )
745349

>Follow them
>Apologize and say that you just wanted her to know you agree. Ava shouldn't be messing with that thing. Also introduce yourself.
>This.

I continue to follow her.

Raven: "I apologize but I just wanted to tell you that I agree with you. Ava shouldn't be messing with that thing. I'm Raven by the way."

Rufa: "I'm not gonna bother remembering your name, so save it. And I don't care what you think. Leave me alone."
>>
No. 745350 ID: 398fe1

Well. Okay.

Go find Rin instead.
>>
No. 745351 ID: 59bd8b

Well isn't Rufa just a ray of sunshine. Lets see if Ava is done questioning Emerald, if not then we can go find and talk to anyone we haven't meet yet.
>>
No. 745384 ID: 3e182c

Tell Rufa it was wonderful meeting then and then be off to the next one.
>>
No. 745467 ID: ca0e20
File 147267712243.gif - (11.09KB , 800x600 , 096.gif )
745467

>Tell Rufa it was wonderful meeting them

Raven: "Well it was wonderful meeting you."

Rufa: "Get bent."

>Lets see if Ava is done questioning Emerald

I start making my way down the stair. Suddenly I feel something clamping my beak shut and a light pressure on my shoulder! After a muffled starling on my part, I hear a whisper close to my face in front of me.

Rip: "Don't make loud sounds."

After a short pause and I stop struggling, the pressure on my beak goes away.
>>
No. 745472 ID: 350a50

Clever boy.

Give him a barely noticeable nod up the stairs and then get the two of you out of there. So long as Rip is not there, they shouldn't be able to open the hell portal.
>>
No. 745473 ID: 1d4e27

Belch loudly.
>>
No. 745475 ID: dfdb1e

Finally an clear objective! You need to guide Rip to safety.
First find a place you can talk. Then scout the area and if necessary distract any watchman to provide him a clear path.
>>
No. 745476 ID: 398fe1

Ask, in a whisper, how he is invisible. Then explain the situation in the portal room.

But yeah, lead him out.
>>
No. 745486 ID: 91ee5f

Where's Lucy? Is she invisible with you?

>>745472
>>745475
>>745476
Are you guys serious?! He's invisible! He can guide himself out! He's just being nice and coming to rescue his new friend Raven. He's probably going to want to leave Emerald here though. But Raven can't leave her here. Not after telling Emerald that they're friends. Raven won't abandon her friends!
>>
No. 745488 ID: dfdb1e

>>745486
That is what is going on? I was so exited for the possibility of Raven doing something that apparently I fail to read.

So hey... continue following the flow to see where this is going.
>>
No. 747769 ID: ca0e20
File 147372269401.gif - (9.28KB , 800x600 , 097.gif )
747769

>Ask, in a whisper, how he is invisible.

Raven: "Rip? How are you invisible?"

Rip: "Told you already. I keep some secrets of my trade."

>Dialogue

Raven: "Where's Lucy? Is she invisible with you?"

Rip: "No. She's hiding. This is what we need your help for. I'll leave my hand on your shoulder and guide you."
>>
No. 747770 ID: ca0e20
File 147372270022.gif - (20.64KB , 800x600 , 098.gif )
747770

The pressure on my shoulder then leads me downstairs. As we approach the bottom of the stairs, Rip says in a louder whisper:

Rip: "Lucy. Hide."

I hear a loud metal bang from the top of the stair and then quiet hooves nearby.

Rip: "Sounded like the door."

Once we're at the bottom of the stairs, we stop. I can feel Rip shifting around a bit. I try to look over to him in a subtle manner only to be reminded that I can't see him. But before I'm allowed to feel dumb, Rip nearly shoves me backward passed the stairs.
>>
No. 747771 ID: ca0e20
File 147372270437.gif - (25.71KB , 800x600 , 099.gif )
747771

We're in an exposed hiding place between the stairs and the wall. Lucy is here.

Lucy: "Raven!"
>>
No. 747775 ID: 350a50

"Rip needs to super not be here right now."
>>
No. 747780 ID: 398fe1

>>747771
Tell them that if one of them is found, the bees will stop looking for the other. Plus we would very much prefer for Lucy to be found so that they won't have a lizard available for the ritual.

Tell Lucy not to worry, you can vouch for her, but she'll probably have to give up her axe to the bees so they don't consider her a threat. Also you need a good cover story so she isn't associated so strongly with Emerald. Like maybe she could have been your traveling companion?
>>
No. 747788 ID: fb1c7d

Even if we made a cover story for why Lucy is here, Emerald would probably blow if by virtue of not knowing. Tell Lucy that she could probably be alowed to walk around freely, but the bee's would want her axe more than likely. Tell Rip that he needs to not be found, we have very little reason to trust Ava, she seems a little too interested in the portal.

Also before anything hug Lucy, tell her your glad she's safe.
>>
No. 747789 ID: dfdb1e

>>747780
What? No.
At least try to get Lucy to a safe location avoiding her imprisonment.
>>
No. 749129 ID: ca0e20
File 147457510610.gif - (28.44KB , 800x600 , 100.gif )
749129

>before anything hug Lucy, tell her your glad she's safe.

I do the important thing first and make sure to hug Lucy!

Raven: "Lucy! I'm glad you're ok!"

I feel Lucy startle jump as I hug her and she then relaxes as she wraps one strong arm around me.

Lucy: "M-me too."
>>
No. 749130 ID: ca0e20
File 147457511298.gif - (23.52KB , 800x600 , 101.gif )
749130

Rip reappears and Lucy jumps again.

Lucy: "Oh- Rip is here too!"

Rip: "Good to see your surprise. And keep your voices down."

Lucy: "y-yeah."
>>
No. 749131 ID: ca0e20
File 147457511774.gif - (20.43KB , 800x600 , 102.gif )
749131

>Tell them that if one of them is found, the bees will stop looking for the other.

Raven: "So here's the thing: They think there's only one more person to find right now. Which means that if one of you is found, these people will stop looking for the other person."

>dialogue
>Plus we would very much prefer for Lucy to be found so that they won't have a lizard available for the ritual.
>Tell Rip that he needs to not be found
>You need to guide Rip to safety.
>He's invisible! He can guide himself out!

Raven: "Rip needs to super not be here right now. That's why I think Lucy will have to be the one to reveal herself."

Hearing this, Lucy whimpers a bit.

Raven: "Rip, you need to get out of here as soon as possible, that way no one will have a reptilian for the ritual."

Rip: "I just leave? You don't need help?"

Raven: "I would usually want help but in this case, it's safer if you leave. And you should be able to sneak out right?"

Rip: "... Yes."

Lucy: "Are you sure I have to tell them I'm here? I don't really like that plan..."
>>
No. 749132 ID: ca0e20
File 147457512117.gif - (27.53KB , 800x600 , 103.gif )
749132

>Tell Lucy not to worry, you can vouch for her, but she'll probably have to give up her axe to the bees so they don't consider her a threat.
>Tell Lucy that she could probably be alowed to walk around freely, but the bee's would want her axe more than likely.

Raven: "If you do reveal yourself, I can vouch for you. You might have to surrender your axe but you'll be able to walk freely."

Lucy brings her axe closer to herself and grips the handle tighter. An unsure look is the only expression she gives.

> Also you need a good cover story so she isn't associated so strongly with Emerald. Like maybe she could have been your traveling companion?
>Even if we made a cover story for why Lucy is here, Emerald would probably blow if by virtue of not knowing.
>At least try to get Lucy to a safe location avoiding her imprisonment.

Raven: "You can pose as a travelling companion of mine, but that plan is not perfect. Emerald won't know about the plan. She'll probably blow any cover we give you... Which is why I think we could try to get you out of here without them finding you."

Lucy: "But what about the witch?"
>>
No. 749133 ID: ca0e20
File 147457512621.gif - (16.34KB , 800x600 , 104.gif )
749133

>Raven can't leave her here. Not after telling Emerald that they're friends. Raven won't abandon her friends!

I won't...

Raven: "I still have to figure out a way to get her out.[small]"

Rip: "Wh-."

Lucy smiles. After a short beat, Rip figures out something to say.

Rip: "[small]You are not leaving her behind?
"

Raven: "I still have things I want to talk to her about. Besides, I also don't want to leave her and this other group alone with the portal. I want to make sure no one opens it."

Rip: "Mmm. Alright then."

Raven: "We also have another problem with the second plan though. There's a bee guarding the only exit out of this room. We'll have to find a way to get Lucy past her while preventing her to get spotted at a distance... I'm not sure how we can do that."

Lucy: "I don't want to leave the witch behind! Can't we get her first then sneak out?"

Raven: "Ava, the gang leader, is asking her questions right now. I can go and get her after you are safe."

Lucy: "I'd rather help her too."

First plan: We reveal Lucy to Ava while pretending that Lucy is travelling with me and Rip sneaks out. This also allows her to wander around freely. Problem is that Emerald won't be in on the plan and will probably call Lucy out on being associated with her. And in any case, Lucy will lose her axe to make her safer to these people.

Second plan: We try to get Lucy out of this room without her being detected which includes the bee guarding the only exit. This allows her to keep her axe. Rip could help with this, but we have to find a way to actually allow Lucy to leave the room undetected.
>>
No. 749140 ID: 398fe1

>>749133
How about Rip causes a distraction? Like, he could make an obvious noise or let the bee see a glimpse of movement, then go back into perfect stealth mode. He could repeatedly do this to draw the bee away from the door a far enough distance so that Lucy could get past and to another safe spot.
>>
No. 749152 ID: dfdb1e

>>749140
That would make them aware of the presence of someone with invisibility powers. Sneaking around will be more difficult if they know what they are searching for.
If Rip is going to provide a distraction he should do so away from sight, drooping loud objects. Ideally Raven should provide the distraction and Rip would guide Lucy.
>>
No. 749154 ID: 350a50

>>749152
We could go chat with the bee. Raven is good at being a nuisance to bees.
>>
No. 749563 ID: ca0e20
File 147474267178.gif - (26.87KB , 800x600 , 105.gif )
749563

>How about Rip causes a distraction?
>Ideally Raven should provide the distraction and Rip would guide Lucy.

Rip could make a distraction but that would compromise the fact that there's someone using stealth and would also put Rip in danger. I should be the one to make a distraction while Rip guides Lucy.

Raven: "Alright, here's the plan. I'll go out there and make a distraction. Rip you help Lucy and guide her out of this room."

Rip: "Alright."

Lucy: "O-ok."

Rip: "Also, here."

Rip gives me what appears to be a small and old journal.

Raven: "What is this?"

Rip: "That hallway you asked me to explore. All I could find.[small]"

Raven: "[small]Ah. Ok.
"

I pocket the Old Journal.

Inventory: Pruned-up Apple, Full Canteen of Pure Water, Old Journal.
>>
No. 749564 ID: ca0e20
File 147474267697.gif - (22.85KB , 800x600 , 106.gif )
749564

>We could go chat with the bee.

I come out of my hiding spot leaving Rip and Lucy behind. I decide to go up the stair and chat with the pink bee to try and find a way to distract her. After some time I arrive upstairs.

Aster is also here.
>>
No. 749571 ID: 15a025

Commence small chat?
>>
No. 749578 ID: 398fe1

>>749564
Ask if they found anything cool.
>>
No. 749581 ID: 91ee5f

Trip over the last step and land on the pink bee.
>>
No. 749663 ID: 350a50

Ask them if it's okay for you to stay up here, that big apparatus thingamajig makes you queasy.

Don't trip and fall on a sword just yet. We'll save the self-maiming for emergencies.
>>
No. 749861 ID: ca0e20
File 147491909606.gif - (22.63KB , 800x600 , 107.gif )
749861

>Commence small chat?
>Ask if they found anything cool.

Raven: "Hey, Di-"

>Trip over the last step and land on the pink bee.

Raven: "Oh no I tripped on this last step clumsy me."
>>
No. 749862 ID: ca0e20
File 147491910224.gif - (17.97KB , 800x600 , 108.gif )
749862

I land in the arms of the pink bee.

Raven: "Oh I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to fall on you!"

Bee in Pink: "... Well well well, what does a cute bird like you doing in a spooky place like this?"

I guess she doesn't mind. Even more so, her implied smile looks devious. She helps me back to my feet.
>>
No. 749863 ID: ca0e20
File 147491910654.gif - (24.77KB , 800x600 , 109.gif )
749863

Bee in Pink: "My name is Azalea by the way."

Raven: "T-thank you. I'm Raven. Um, did you guys found anything cool?"

Aster: "Nah, not really"

Azalea: "Weeeell, I think I might have."

Raven and Aster: "Really?"

Aster and I look at each other.

Raven: "What did you find?"

Azalea: "One of the rooms in the hallways is filled with flowers!"

Aster: "WHAT?! Oh man that sounds way more awesome than this room... I should go check it out."

Azalea: "Sorry Aster, but we're on duty. None of us be should get in that room. And Calla forbid it."

Aster: "Calla knows about it? Ah crud..."

>Ask them if it's okay for you to stay up here, that big apparatus thingamajig makes you queasy.

Raven: "Is it ok if I stay up here? That big whatchamacallit is making me queasy."

Azalea: "It should be fine. Unless you plan on doing something to incapacitate us... Haha, only joking! But really don't do that."

Aster: "Ava said that the only place you're not allowed to go to is further in this room past where they are. Up here should be fine if you must be here."

I don't know if falling on Azalea was an attempt to distract them, but I should think of something to actually do so. I bet Rip is waiting on a cue.

Aster: "... Did you find your friend?"
>>
No. 749868 ID: 15a025

Sadly we have not found our friend yet.
>>
No. 749931 ID: 350a50

"Do you think I could go see the flowers if I had an escort to keep an eye on me?"

Maybe with a slightly suggestive wiggle at Azalea.
>>
No. 750303 ID: ca0e20
File 147516901882.gif - (21.05KB , 800x600 , 110.gif )
750303

>Dialogue

Raven: "Sadly I have not found my friend yet."

Aster: "Mmm..."

She scans me from head to toe.

>dialogue

I don't think I need an escort. Ava said I could go anywhere I wanted as long as I didn't get in their way. But I assume I have a plan of some sort?

Raven: "Do you think I could go see the flowers if I had an escort to keep an eye on me?"

Aster: "... Why do you want someone to keep an eye on you?"
>>
No. 750305 ID: 15a025

Well what if some scary monster just came out of no where then what?
>>
No. 750307 ID: 91ee5f

>"... Why do you want someone to keep an eye on you?"
Because I'm still technically your hostage? But it's mostly because of the fact that since you guys randomly wandered in, that doesn't mean that another completely different group of people, that aren't as nice as you guys, isn't going to wander in here also. I don't want to get taken hostage again! They might make me a sex slave! .....or just kill me and loot my corpse.

Either that or some wild animal that lives here and we don't know about is going to leap out and maul me to death.....or eat me alive, whichever comes first.
>>
No. 750311 ID: b04ba8
750311

Ah, good point actually! I sort of just assumed I'd need one!
>>
No. 750316 ID: 9c8b77

>>750305

Or even worse, what if a MALE NORTHERN SERGAL jumps out and tries to rape me?
>>
No. 750318 ID: 3e182c

>>750311
...Though I guess really I would just like the company.
>>
No. 750414 ID: ca0e20
File 147525915836.gif - (21.01KB , 800x600 , 111.gif )
750414

>Dialogue
>some wild animal that lives here and we don't know about is going to leap out and maul me to death.....or eat me alive, whichever comes first.

Raven: "Well what if some scary monster we don't know about just leaped out of no where? Then what? They're going to maul me to death or eat me alive, that's what!"

Aster: "We've done a sweep of the entire area. We're pretty sure there's no monsters around here."

>Dialogue

Raven: "That doesn't mean anything! Since you guys randomly wandered in, that doesn't mean that another completely different group of people, that aren't as nice as you guys, isn't going to wander in here also. I don't want to get taken hostage again! They might make me a sex slave! Or just kill me and loot my corpse!"

Aster: "... I guess that's a good point. I'll go with you."

Azalea: "... Raven, can you go over the other side of this platform?"

Raven: "... S-sure."
>>
No. 750415 ID: ca0e20
File 147525916305.gif - (21.40KB , 800x600 , 112.gif )
750415

I move to the other side of the platform and the two bees huddle up. I look down to the stairs and can see Lucy in the stairs keeping low to try and be as hidden as possible close to the top here. From this angle I can kinda see her. Rip is no where to be found so I assume he's invisible. They are probably waiting on a cue... I try and sneakily listen to the Bees conversation.

Azalea: "Aster, -Psst pst psst pst ppsst psst psst pst psst pst-ower room, -Psst pst pst psst psst pst psst-ours. Psst pst pst pst psst- when there's no flower! I -pst psst- go."

Aster: "Oh! Like you-pst pst psst psst psst pst- the room?!?"

Azalea: "Psst pst- better chances -psst- you do!"

Aster: "Ugh whatever, -psst pst pst pst psst psst pst. Psst- your order -pst pst- watch -pst psst-ough? And mine pst psst pst-dow her!"

Azalea: "Psst pst -eam, Pst pst pst pst psst psst psst pst, psst pst pst- job -pss- done."

Aster: "Whatever. Go then. I'll stay here and stand around for no reason."

They break their huddle and Azalea turns to me while Aster sulks.

Azalea: "Ok, I'll escort you."
>>
No. 750423 ID: 398fe1

Stand around for no reason? Ask why they can't just both come.
>>
No. 750425 ID: 350a50

"It's so flattering having two pretty ladies argue over who gets to escort me."
>>
No. 750555 ID: ca0e20
File 147534100347.gif - (19.82KB , 800x600 , 113.gif )
750555

>Dialogue

Raven: "It's so flattering having two pretty ladies argue over who gets to escort me."

Azalea: "Well it's normal that we would. It's only natural to want to help and protect someone who's afraid of the dark!"

Aster: "Also, you're not really the point."

>Stand around for no reason? Ask why they can't just both come.

Raven: "If she's gonna stand around for nothing, why can't she come too?"

Azalea: "She's not gonna stand around for nothing. She's guarding the area to make sure she know who passes by and stop anyone who might be a dangerous intruder, like you've established just now."

Aster: "Also known as: standing around, doing nothing."

Azalea: "Of course Aster wouldn't understand the importance of standing guard. Anyway, let's go!"
>>
No. 750562 ID: 350a50

Okey-doke.

Since Aster is kinda lazy, we'll just have to hope she slacks off and gives Rip/Lucy a chance to get by.
>>
No. 755130 ID: ca0e20
File 147735652176.gif - (26.57KB , 800x600 , 114.gif )
755130

>Since Aster is kinda lazy, we'll just have to hope she slacks off and gives Rip/Lucy a chance to get by.

Hopefully she was exaggerating when she said they were good at their jobs? Ha ha ha...

>Okey-doke.

We walk into the hallways, leaving Aster to her post. I turn to Azalea and ask where the flower room is and she point down the hall, toward the same direction me and the rest of the group used earlier to go through the trap door that opened up back to the tower.

Once we get to the hallway with the ladder, she points to the first door we come across and says it's here.

Azalea: "Alright! You can go in there and do whatever you want to do in there! I'll stay out here and keep watch..."

She seems a bit nervous. But she plants herself next to the door in a guard stance. I proceed inside.
>>
No. 755131 ID: ca0e20
File 147735652909.gif - (50.87KB , 800x600 , 115.gif )
755131

I am now in a room full of flowers! This place smells really nice and feels so calm... The light on the ceiling emanates a nice warmth reminiscent of the sun that momentarily feels cozy, then reminds me that we're in a desert and now I'm too warm again.

What should I do now? Lucy and Rip are probably still waiting for that diversion.
>>
No. 755132 ID: 15a025

Inspect the glowing rings on the floor.
>>
No. 755135 ID: 398fe1

I think what we should do is find something dangerous in this room, trigger it, call for help to get Azalea in the room, then run back to Aster to get her to "come help".
Alternatively, if you know your flowers, you could pick one that causes paralysis or sleep when sniffed, and get Azalea to sniff it. Then you can go "get help" from Aster.

Seems like there's something a little different about the base of the big plant on the left. Something extra glowy?
>>
No. 755196 ID: 350a50

>>755135
This.
>>
No. 755518 ID: ca0e20
File 147751182924.gif - (49.78KB , 800x600 , 116.gif )
755518

>Inspect the glowing rings on the floor.
>Seems like there's something a little different about the base of the big plant on the left. Something extra glowy?

I move some flower pots out of the way and it is indeed extra glowy. It seems like this big vine thing is coming out of this rune. The rune themselves are grooved into the floor. I move the plant on the other side of the room too to see, but it looks like it's glow-y here too. Whoever made these runes probably didn't proportionate the magic distribution correctly... I think at least. They somehow made more vine come out this side with less magic power.
>>
No. 755519 ID: ca0e20
File 147751183576.gif - (49.64KB , 800x600 , 117.gif )
755519

>I think what we should do is find something dangerous in this room, trigger it, call for help to get Azalea in the room, then run back to Aster to get her to "come help".

If flowers can be considered dangerous?

>if you know your flowers, you could pick one that causes paralysis or sleep when sniffed, and get Azalea to sniff it. Then you can go "get help" from Aster.

I don't know my flowers, but I guess now that I think about it, there could be such thing as harmful flowers. I wouldn't know how to figure out which ones could be helpful without potentially hurting myself.

I prod a flower carefully in case it decides to become alive and eat me...

Should I prod everything? Smell anything specific?
>>
No. 755524 ID: 350a50

Researchers keep notes, and it makes sense to have them on hand in a lab.

Check for hidden compartments in the flower planter there.
>>
No. 756649 ID: ca0e20
File 147810699299.gif - (53.71KB , 800x600 , 118.gif )
756649

>Check for hidden compartments in the flower planter there.

I try to feel around the exposed part of the planter for hidden compartments but find nothing. I then try to see if I can find something behind this grass by moving it aside...
>>
No. 756650 ID: ca0e20
File 147810699760.gif - (43.16KB , 800x600 , 119.gif )
756650

It doesn't seem like there's anything hidden under there-
>>
No. 756651 ID: ca0e20
File 147810700116.gif - (18.37KB , 800x600 , 120.gif )
756651

Raven: "Urrkh! *cough* ACK!"

I can't help but gag. The smell is putrid! Like a decaying corpse. Seems like this grass had been resting still for a while and moving them released the smell. They felt pretty slimy-gross too. Standing next to them, I can now only smell the horrid smell and none of the flowery smell. I don't know how long it'll last but I hope it won't be long. Ugh, my hand stinks. I wipe my hands on the bottom of my robe as a desperate attempt to wipe the smell off.

Azalea: "Y-you ok in there?"
>>
No. 756655 ID: 15a025

Oh god it smells like something died in here!
>>
No. 756660 ID: 350a50

"Glugh"
>>
No. 756666 ID: 398fe1

>>756651
Sounds like a defense mechanism. Interesting plant.

>>756655
Yeah, do this. Then when she comes in, tell her you think there's a dead body behind the planter-- point out the side with the... let's call it corpsegrass. Suggest you help move the planter. Have her grab the side with the corpsegrass, and she will most likely get a facefull of it. I'm sure she'll be disabled, at which point you can go "get help".

You could also investigate the other flowers while she's near the corpsegrass, and if any of them do something surprising you could "accidentally" bump her into the horrible stuff.
>>
No. 756850 ID: ca0e20
File 147820451970.gif - (56.99KB , 800x600 , 121.gif )
756850

>Dialogue

Raven: "Oh gods! It smells like something died in here!"

Azalea: "What? In a flower room?"

>tell her you think there's a dead body behind the planter. Suggest you help move the planter.

Raven: "Yes! I think there's a dead body behind this planter! Can you come in help me move it?"

There's a pause.

Azalea: "S-sure."

Taking care to not look around too much, she enters the room very slowly, as if she was entering a room with a sleeping dragon in it. I point toward the corpsegrass and I almost tell her to get that side, but she stops in her track.

Azalea: "Oh...! Oh? That's odd. I kinda know this grass, but it's different. DON'T break it and get any of the liquid inside on you! It's a plant that is usually used to make poison! Shouldn't smell like a dead body though..."

Raven: "Oh it was that then? Alright..."

She's not getting near them for the second phase of the plan, but...
>>
No. 756851 ID: ca0e20
File 147820452403.gif - (34.66KB , 800x600 , 122.gif )
756851

>You could also investigate the other flowers

I get closer to the other flowers while trying to not break Azalea's line of vision on the flowers in the planter.

Raven: "What about these ones?"

Azalea: "Oohh, they're all magical plants. The red one is called an Ember Crown. It is reminiscent to hot peppers but as a flower and can be used to make fire related concoctions."

Azalea: "The blue one is similar, but is like water. It's called Water Orb. It doesn't smell like anything and the surface feels like solid water without being cold or melting."

Azalea: "Be careful with the yellow ones though! They are Numbing Buds. The powder on them will numb what touches you and enough of it can disable, for example, your arm if you get too much of it on your hand by handling them."

Azalea: "Why are all these being grown here?! And what's wrong with these Sickening Tendrils..."
>>
No. 756852 ID: 398fe1

>>756850
>liquid inside
Oh god, tell her you touched it and it felt slimy, are you going to die?!
>>
No. 756855 ID: 79a07e

>>756852

Wait, did she?
>>
No. 756858 ID: fb1c7d

We did touch the plant and it did feel slimy-gross as raven put it. We should probably alert our bodyguard(?) to this fact and ask if there's any signs or symptoms we should look out for when it comes to this plants poison. Also, commend her on her knowledge of herbs, she seems to be somewhat well versed in them.
>>
No. 756861 ID: 398fe1

I guess if you don't mind being overt about it you could grab the paralysis flower and use it against Azalea, then do the whole fake "get help" thing from the other plan.
>>
No. 756869 ID: 91ee5f

Start freaking out and tell her that you touched it and it felt all slimy and waaaaah I don't wanna diiiiie!!! D-':>
>>
No. 756910 ID: 350a50

>>756869
This.

What if it's a mutant breed that's even more poisonous than normal? Eek!
>>
No. 756943 ID: ca0e20
File 147828829276.gif - (59.77KB , 800x600 , 123.gif )
756943

>Oh god, tell her you touched it and it felt slimy, are you going to die?!
>We should probably alert our bodyguard(?)
>Start freaking out and tell her that you touched it and it felt all slimy and waaaaah I don't wanna diiiiie!!!
>Dialogue

Raven: "OH NO! I touched the poison one and it was slimy am I going to die?!?!? waaaaah I don't wanna diiiiie!!!"

Azalea: "Uh! I don't know, it's not suppose to be! But stay calm and let me look, where did it touch you?"

She gets closer to me and I show her my hand. She examine it.

Raven: "What if it's a mutant breed that's even more poisonous than normal? Eek!"

Azalea: "Uhh, it's probably fine! Try and stay calm!"

>ask if there's any signs or symptoms we should look out for when it comes to this plants poison.

Raven: "Are there any signs or symptoms I should look for?"

Azalea: "It won't do anything at first, but if you hand feels "asleep" or tingly, then you might need an antidote. I can't tell if you've been affected though. We should wash your hand just to be safe."

She turns to the water plants and starts to carefully pick one.

>Also, commend her on her knowledge of herbs

Raven: "You know a lot about plants!"

Azalea: "Ha! yeah. I guess us bees have a natural interest in Plants and Flowers. And it can be useful. We get to save damsels in distress!"

She gives me a playful side glance.

... She is in position now. I could either push her into the grass, which I'm not convinced I want to do since it could kill her, or I can take some of the paralyzing flowers and throw it on her. Or I could wait till she treats me. I do have water on me though... But she's been nice to me...
>>
No. 756944 ID: 350a50

Don't repay kindness with betrayal.

Give it some time and then tell her your arm is feeling strange, and you feel weak. Sit down against the wall and act dizzy. She'll probably go get help, and when she comes back with help it'll be Rip and Lucy's moment to go.
>>
No. 756947 ID: 398fe1

>>756943
...maybe we should rethink our approach. If she's a good person, would she understand how dangerous Rip being here is? If our only other option is to outright attack her, I think we should talk. Get her on your side and she'll let your friends escape. Though, you could be extra careful and only tell her about Rip. After all we can't REALLY justify them letting Lucy go.
You could approach it as essentially saving the world.

However you should definitely pick one of the yellow flowers and stow it away in case of emergency.
>>
No. 756950 ID: 350a50

>>756947
I guess just telling the truth is an option. We have her alone here, so she's away from peer pressure.
>>
No. 756955 ID: fb1c7d

Alright, I'm going to agree with telling the truth. She does seem to be pretty nice and away from the others she might be more receptive. Tell her we do know what the portal does and that if our friend rip dies anywhere near it deamons will be able to pour out of it. I do say lie about telling her that emerald made it. That seems like a fact that she doesn't need to know and might not ask for.
>>
No. 756956 ID: 398fe1

>>756955
Emerald didn't make it. She discovered and researched it.
>>
No. 756966 ID: 15a025

Mention it might just be the placebo effect at play, but you are starting to feel kind of sick.
>>
No. 757099 ID: ca0e20
File 147836930159.gif - (59.36KB , 800x600 , 124.gif )
757099

>you should definitely pick one of the yellow flowers and stow it away in case of emergency.

I grab one and pocket it. My thumb and index finger feels a bit numb.

Inventory: Pruned-up Apple, Full Canteen of Pure Water, Old Journal, a Numbing Buds.

>Don't repay kindness with betrayal.
>I think we should talk. Get her on your side and she'll let your friends escape. You could approach it as essentially saving the world.
>I guess just telling the truth is an option.
>Alright, I'm going to agree with telling the truth. Tell her we do know what the portal does and that if our friend rip dies anywhere near it deamons will be able to pour out of it.

I could try and tell her since she seems reasonable. The more allies the better...

Raven: "Azalea, I think you need to know something about this place."

She pauses a bit but then continues picking the water plant.

Azalea: "W-what do you mean?"

Raven: "I know you and the other bees have a job to do here, but if something more important would be to come by, like the chance to stop the world from ending for instance, you could do the right thing, right?"

Another beat.

Azalea: "I- heh! Of course. I think most capable people would. Unless they'd be evil or something, haha. Why are you asking? Do you think the world is about to end?"

She plucks the water plant and turns to me. I extend my hand. She grabs it very delicately with one of her hands and with 2 others, bring the water plant and start squeezing it over my hand. There's a sound similar to a fruit being cracked open and a clear liquid pours onto my hand.

Raven: "I know what the portal do, and it could very much end the world."

Azalea looks a me for a moment, searching my face to see if I'm being serious.

Azalea: "What does it do?"

Raven: "A ritual has to be performed, that opens it to another dimension. One full of demons. Or monsters. Or abominations, it's apparently open to interpretations. But currently we think it's demons. I have a friend around here that cannot die around the portal or else the portal will open!"

Azalea: "Why? What's makes your friend special?"

Raven: "The ritual requires a dying reptilian."

Azalea: "... I guess he came here not knowing all this, haha..."

She laughs a bit nervously.

Azalea: "... How do you know what... this portal does?"
>>
No. 757100 ID: f4989a

Emmy has done some research on itbecause she actually lives nearby. Her being of magical talent she began to study it. So far this what research on it and this is what her results have told her.
>>
No. 757106 ID: 398fe1

>>757099
Tell her you found some books while exploring that describe the ritual. Don't name Emerald, there's no real reason to do that.

Anyway, get back to the point. Will she help you get your friend to safety?
>>
No. 757120 ID: 79a07e

Okay, so while I'm not necessary against this plan of action, I have to ask, does anyone have a plan for how to respond when Azzy tells this to her superior, and they come at us with 'well why the FUCK didn't you say so earlier?'
>>
No. 757121 ID: 398fe1

>>757120
Yeah how about "you were too interested in the gateway, I wanted to be sure you wouldn't use it."
>>
No. 757125 ID: 9f3729

>>757121
Yeah, thats solid. As for right now...
"Emmy is a magician, she told me a while ago. She's got no plan to use it but plenty of worries others might."
>>
No. 757131 ID: 350a50

>>757106
>>757121
These.
>>
No. 757182 ID: ca0e20
File 147845559157.gif - (59.23KB , 800x600 , 125.gif )
757182

>Emmy has done some research on it because she actually lives nearby. Her being of magical talent she began to study it.
>Tell her you found some books while exploring that describe the ritual. Don't name Emerald, there's no real reason to do that.
>Dialogue

I might be able to come up with something...

"I met a wizard named Emmyldiad before coming here. She's got no plan to use it but plenty of worries others might. She has done some research on it because she lives nearby and showed me the books she was studying. The book detailed the ritual and it's effects."

Azalea: "... So you came here to prevent anyone from opening it?"

Raven: "... Kinda. If I can find a way to destroy it, I plan to do so."

Azalea: "Oh! Well if I can help, then I will. It shouldn't get in the way of my duty here, I don't think. No one is trying to open it now, right?"

Raven: "Actually, Ava showed interest."

Azalea: "Oh no! Then we should go tell her right now!"

Raven: "I don't think she'd listen! She was talking about using it's power!"

Azalea: "It's power...? She can't be. Maybe after what happened? Could she be this desperate?"

>Will she help you get your friend to safety?

Raven: "So you'll help me get my friend to safety then?"

Azalea: "With Aster filling my post, I should be able to help you until I get a new order. So where is he?"

I pause.

Raven: "In the portal room."

Azalea: "Oh. Oh! You want him to go through our guard. Then I'll have to talk to Aster then. I think she'll be receptive to the idea of not stopping someone through. Letting him through would be against our orders, but we could still help you protect your friend until we can convince Ava to not open the portal. We should do this now. Uh, actually, how's your hand?"

Raven: "It feels fine? I think I'll be fine."

Azalea: "Alright good, let's go"

She walks over to one of the potted plant and puts what's left of the water plant in it. Then starts walking towards the door to leave the Flower room.

Well, Rip can now pass through without going invisible. But what about Lucy? I assume she's still waiting for an opening in the stairs? Should I keep her a secret from Azalea? She might get spotted anyway.

Azalea: "So who was that armadillo Poppy was carrying?"
>>
No. 757189 ID: 350a50

"A hermit who was living out in a cave near here. We got in a fight when I entered her home unexpectedly, but now we're friends."
>>
No. 757191 ID: 398fe1

Ergh, by "don't name emerald" I meant claim to have found the books yourself, or leave it ambiguous. The lies are getting too complicated now, and Emerald is a big tangle.

Be vague about Emerald. Say she's your traveling companion, but she can be unpredictable at times and expressed some interest in the portal herself, that's why she's restrained. Once the portal is destroyed or disabled you'll think about letting her move freely again.

Bring up Ava again. What happened to make her desperate?

I think it'll be fine if we can get her and Aster to guard Rin. The two of you should be able to come up with some way to distract them enough to get Lucy past.
>>
No. 757193 ID: 79a07e

>>757191
Don't say that- she can fact check that with earlier about how we explicitly said she WASN'T traveling with us and we didn't really know her.
>>
No. 757207 ID: ba506f

>>757182
when she dropped the blue thing the vines around the two big green trees(?) started glowing a little brighter.
>>
No. 757210 ID: 350a50

>>757207
Look back at the other panels, they flicker between bright and dim.
>>
No. 757299 ID: ca0e20
File 147854661106.gif - (22.48KB , 800x600 , 126.gif )
757299

>The lies are getting too complicated now, and Emerald is a big tangle.

All right, I'll stop lying. Truth, vagueness and omission of details from now on.

>A hermit who was living out in a cave near here. We got in a fight when I entered her home unexpectedly, but now we're friends.
>Be vague about Emerald. Say she's your traveling companion, but she can be unpredictable at times and expressed some interest in the portal herself, that's why she's restrained. Once the portal is destroyed or disabled you'll think about letting her move freely again.
>Don't say that- she can fact check that with earlier about how we explicitly said she WASN'T traveling with us and we didn't really know her.

Raven: "... She's an hermit I met once. It's funny cause we got in a fight the first time we met after I entered her home unexpectedly."

Azalea: "Did you break in?"

Raven: "No! The place looked abandoned and the front door was open."

Azalea: "Oh haha! That must have been quite the misunderstanding!"

Raven: "It sure was. But we're friends now! She can be a bit unpredictable though. Which is why she's tied up."

Azalea: "Yeah, we do have to tie someone down if they are too unpredictable. But wow! It's nice that you ended up getting along! I think most people that don't get along continues to do so pretty much forever. Good to hear that things worked out with you two."

>Bring up Ava again. What happened to make her desperate?

Raven: "So about Ava. What happened? You said she's getting desperate?"

Azalea: "Oh... It's a long story but she used to be doing some very ambitious leading of a certain group, until the other day. Her oppositions made a coup on her and her gang. With the help of us bees, we got her, Miss Ophi and... Rufa, out of an ambush alive. But Ava decided that we should flee in this desert to lose our pursuers. We have no idea what happened since, but Ava, Ophi and Rufa seems to believe that all their allies might have been struct down as part of this coup. Knowing Ava and based on what you said, I guess I can see how she would use something evil for her gain. She doesn't believe in morality."

Raven: "Mmmm."

>I think it'll be fine if we can get her and Aster to guard Rip. The two of you should be able to come up with some way to distract them enough to get Lucy past.

If there's a plan to be made, now is the time. I don't know if I can convince them to both guard Rip. So I should find a way to distract one of them once we get in the Portal room. But at least, I could try and tell Rip to distract who ever is escorting him, to lead them away from the Portal room's entrance...
>>
No. 757302 ID: 350a50

>>757299
Once everything is in play and Aster is guarding Rip, gossip with Azalea that you might have a little itty-bitty crush on Emerald. That should distract her.
>>
No. 757317 ID: 398fe1

I thought she just said she was going to be able to convince Aster to help? Heck, if she's outright going to try to stop Ava from using the portal, maybe we can convince her to let Lucy help with that as well. The more people we have on our side, the better off we are if a fight breaks out, and the less likely Ava is to force the issue in the first place.

Oh, ask about Rufa. Could we get her help or is she likely to mess things up?
>>
No. 757724 ID: ca0e20
File 147881196657.gif - (21.97KB , 800x600 , 127.gif )
757724

>you might have a little itty-bitty crush on Emerald.

I'm not lying anymore, so I can't tell her something like that.

>maybe we can convince her to let Lucy help with that as well.

I might as well try. She has to be willing to help completely if she open to help against the portal.

Raven: "Azalea, there's something I might have omitted when I asked for your help. I actually would like another friend to get out of the Portal room."

Azalea: "Oh? Another reptilian?"

Raven: "No, she's a Minotaur"

Azalea: "... That should be ok. To be honest, the main reason we capture people when we arrive somewhere unknown is because Ava has a lot of enemies. So Ava makes us apprehend anyone in the vicinity, then Ava herself meets with whoever we capture to determine if they are safe or not. If they don't recognize Ava, it's way easier to let that person go. Otherwise, she'll question them more to determine if they will oppose her. Anyone who might be willing to kill her will be... disposed of."

Azalea: "If your friend is trying to leave the room to safety, then I'll make the call that she must not be trying to hurt Ava and she does not have to be taken to her."

Raven: "Thank you Azalea."

Azalea: "I know. I'm nice and good."

She gives out a goofy smile - well, look since I can only see her eyes - and then turn to the door.
>>
No. 757725 ID: ca0e20
File 147881197236.gif - (28.23KB , 800x600 , 128.gif )
757725

>Oh, ask about Rufa. Could we get her help or is she likely to mess things up?

Raven: "So about Rufa..."

She freezes.

Raven: "Should we try to get her to help us? Or could she mess things up? She seemed unhappy with Ava, maybe she'd be willing to help us stop her?"

Azalea keeps still. After a moment she finally turns to me.
>>
No. 757726 ID: ca0e20
File 147881197627.gif - (32.76KB , 800x600 , 129.gif )
757726

Azalea: "... You don't know Rufa so I'll just tell you this: Keep away from her, don't try to talk to her and if you're ever in a fight with her, run."
>>
No. 757727 ID: ca0e20
File 147881198197.gif - (35.22KB , 800x600 , 130.gif )
757727

She opens the door and enters the portal room.
>>
No. 757735 ID: 15a025

>>757727
Welp, follow them in.
>>
No. 757742 ID: 91ee5f

>>757726
Be more specific about what counts as "being in a fight with her". Is it being in a fight with her and she's on our team, we should run? Or is it being in a fight and she's the enemy, we should run? Or does having an argument with her about what to buy in the store count as "being in a fight with her"?
>>
No. 757762 ID: 350a50

Sounds like good advice.
>>
No. 757888 ID: ca0e20
File 147889640204.gif - (29.06KB , 800x600 , 131.gif )
757888

>Welp, follow them in.
>Be more specific about what counts as "being in a fight with her".

I enter the portal room after her.

Azalea: "Aster, we're letting people through."

Aster: "Ugh! See? I told you standing here was pointless!"

Raven: "Um-"

Azalea turns to me.

Azalea: "Where are your friends?"

Aster: "One of them is in the stairs."

Azalea: "... And you did...?"

Aster: "Nothing."

Azalea: "Well for once that was a good thing. Raven, you should tell them to come up then."

Raven: "I will, but first, can you be more specific about Rufa? Do you mean if she's on our side and we get in a fight with her? In a fight as her enemy? In a fight at the market about what to buy?"

Azalea: "She is not on your side, she's on Ava's side. If she pulls out her claws and locks eyes on you... Be ready to survive."

Raven: "Why does it feel like you're being vague?"

Azalea: "Because I don't want to describe it."

Aster: "Rufa's insane and Azalea's afraid of her."
>>
No. 757889 ID: ca0e20
File 147889640792.gif - (32.32KB , 800x600 , 132.gif )
757889

In a flash, Azalea turns to Aster and speaks in a severe commanding tone that I wouldn't have thought Azalea could pull off from the short time I've talked to her.

Azalea: "Don't you start Aster! I know you think you can handle her on your own but we both saw what she's capable of! Hold you tongue for once!"

Aster: "... whatever."

Aster isn't keeping her full composure like she usually does. I don't blame her.
>>
No. 757890 ID: ca0e20
File 147889641275.gif - (9.19KB , 800x600 , 133.gif )
757890

Azalea: "Raven...*sigh* Go get your friends."

I descend the stairs a little bit until Lucy looks up and sees me, I beckon her. I feel something grab my arm.

Rip: "What is going on?"

I wish I wouldn't get startled this easily.

Raven: "I negotiated a passage for both of you!"

Rip: "... Really...? Mind I stay hidden for safety?"

Lucy reaches us.

Lucy: "What's going on? I heard shouting up there. Is it really safe to go through?"
>>
No. 757897 ID: fb1c7d

Just the two of them arguing about Rufa, another member of there group. She's a jackal and if you see her you shouldn't fight her, apparently she's kinda crazy and very strong. There argument has nothing to do with either of you and I assure you that it is safe to leave.
>>
No. 757905 ID: 398fe1

>>757890
Yes, Lucy. Heck, they even already know you're there. It's safe, these two girls appear to be good people.

Though, "passage" may be the wrong term for it.
>>
No. 757912 ID: 350a50

Yup. Let's get moving before this scene draws attention.
>>
No. 758554 ID: ca0e20
File 147915040597.gif - (9.62KB , 800x600 , 134.gif )
758554

>Though, "passage" may be the wrong term for it.

Whoops! My mind forgot to filter that phrase the first time I had this jumble of thoughts! Whatever that means!

>Just the two of them arguing about Rufa, another member of there group. She's a jackal and if you see her you shouldn't fight her
>Yes, Lucy. Heck, they even already know you're there. It's safe, these two girls appear to be good people.
>Let's get moving before this scene draws attention.

Raven: "Just two of them arguing about a jackal lady, Rufa. If you see her, don't fight her! Apparently, she's very dangerous!"

Lucy: "O-ok!"

Raven: "And yeah, you can both go through. One of them spotted you but they didn't go after you. These two girls appears to be good people."

Lucy: "They did...?"

Lucy looks away, annoyed and bothered.

Raven: "We should move now, before we draw attention."
>>
No. 758555 ID: ca0e20
File 147915041065.gif - (37.13KB , 800x600 , 135.gif )
758555

I lead Lucy, and I assume Rip, up the stairs.

Azalea: "Oh! *Ahem* Hello! My name is Azalea and this here is Aster."

Lucy: "Hello... I'm Lucy."

Azalea: "Nice to meet you! I've never met a Minotaur before. I sure do feel short right now!"

Lucy: "Yeah... we usually stick to our tribes... And thanks?"

Azalea turns to me then looks around.

Azalea: "Where is the other one?"

We wait a moment and Rip doesn't say anything.

Raven: "Uhh, he's hidden. He said he would rather stay that way. Hopefully you don't mind."

Azalea: "I would prefer if I could see him at least once, but... I guess it's fine."

Azalea: "Aster, stay here-"

Aster: "Seriously?"

Azalea: "Yes! This entrance still needs to be guarded."

Aster makes grumbling noises.
>>
No. 758556 ID: ca0e20
File 147915041429.gif - (26.91KB , 800x600 , 136.gif )
758556

We make our way into the hallways again.

Azalea: "Was there anywhere specific that you wanted to take your friends to?"
>>
No. 758573 ID: 398fe1

>>758556
Hmm... a good hiding place would be that prison cell pit since it's got all the bedding you can hide underneath, but it'd be hard to get out of afterwards without help, unless we got a grappling hook or something for them. Alternatively they could stay in the tower... is it possible to get there through the sandstorm?

Just to verify, that partially-blocked-by-rubble tunnel was just another part of this underground area, right? It didn't lead anywhere special?
>>
No. 758598 ID: 350a50

We should see if the sandstorm has died down. Priority #1 is getting Rip as far away from this evil portal as possible.
>>
No. 758756 ID: ca0e20
File 147924121616.gif - (46.88KB , 800x600 , 137.gif )
758756

>a good hiding place would be that prison cell pit since it's got all the bedding you can hide underneath, but it'd be hard to get out of afterwards without help

Lucy did have a ladder that was used to allow a prisoner out. If we were to leave the trap door open with the ladder in place, he could still get out. But that would be taking a chance that it wouldn't look suspicious.

>Alternatively they could stay in the tower... is it possible to get there through the sandstorm?

Yes. There's actually a way to get to the tower from these hallways. That's where we went after we captured Emerald. Things seems less clear back then... Chunkier even...

>Just to verify, that partially-blocked-by-rubble tunnel was just another part of this underground area, right? It didn't lead anywhere special?

Rip said he explored that part and all he could find was the Old Journal that he then handed to me. I'm assuming it didn't lead anywhere special. But I didn't ask him in more detail about it.
>>
No. 758757 ID: ca0e20
File 147924122083.gif - (30.52KB , 800x600 , 138.gif )
758757

>We should see if the sandstorm has died down.

We could go to the tower then.

Raven: "We should go to the tower. I want to check to see if the sandstorm has died down. This way."

Azalea: "Sounds good. Our group could use the info too."

I lead the group forward.
>>
No. 758758 ID: ca0e20
File 147924122557.gif - (29.39KB , 800x600 , 139.gif )
758758

We arrive at the hallway intersection.

Rufa is here.

Everyone freezes. She looks at each visible member of our group.

Rufa: "... Who's she?"
>>
No. 758766 ID: 398fe1

Follow your given advice and say nothing unless prompted to. ...though, actually, since Azalea is freaked out by Rufa maybe you can volunteer the information. In that case just say she's your friend that the group was looking for. Rufa doesn't give a shit about names apparently so don't bother telling her unless she asks.
>>
No. 758767 ID: 12d6e6

Let our bee buddy floor this one.
>>
No. 758816 ID: 350a50

>>758766
Give Azalea time to answer. If she freezes in the headlights, do this.
>>
No. 759819 ID: ca0e20
File 147949440578.gif - (20.90KB , 800x600 , 140.gif )
759819

>just say she's your friend that the group was looking for.
>Give Azalea time to answer. If she freezes in the headlights, do this.

I pause to see what Azalea will do. It's looking like she's searching for something to say but is distracted by Rufa's presence. I decide to answer for her.

Raven: "It's the friend we were looking for."

Azalea quickly looks to me, surprised, then at Rufa. Rufa looks at me with an unchanging expression.

Rufa: "Alright."

...

She just stands there, saying nothing more, staring at me.

Azalea: "... A-Are you heading back to Ava?"

Rufa keeps her eyes on me.

Rufa: "I could."

Azalea: "..."

Should I try to ask her anything else? Wait for her to leave? Keep going? Something else?
>>
No. 759898 ID: 398fe1

>>759819
Is something wrong?
>>
No. 759950 ID: 350a50

>>759819
Wipe your face to check if anything is on it.
>>
No. 759955 ID: 13d7b7

Just keep on walking! Pretend there's nothing out of the ordinary
>>
No. 759967 ID: 91ee5f

"What? Is there something on my face?"

Do this: >>759950

"Did I get it?"
>>
No. 760945 ID: ca0e20
File 147992758992.gif - (21.79KB , 800x600 , 141.gif )
760945

>Wipe your face to check if anything is on it.
>Dialogue

"What? Is there something on my face?"

I wipe my raven beak tuft.

"Did I get it?"

Rufa just keep staring at me.
>>
No. 760946 ID: ca0e20
File 147992759397.gif - (28.54KB , 800x600 , 142.gif )
760946

>Just keep on walking! Pretend there's nothing out of the ordinary

I decide to keep walking. She does not try to block me or say anything, so we keep going.
>>
No. 760947 ID: ca0e20
File 147992759884.gif - (32.73KB , 800x600 , 143.gif )
760947

After walking a bit, I look back to see what she's doing.

She's following the group now. No hint of aggression, just casually following us.
>>
No. 760950 ID: 350a50

You have an escort and a legitimate reason to be going where you're going (checking the sandstorm). Try not to look nervous, keep going and trust Azalea to give you a sign if something is wrong.
>>
No. 761029 ID: ae962c

She suspects something is wrong. Just keep going and check out the weather but obviously you can't hide like you were planning.
>>
No. 761176 ID: ca0e20
File 148001607942.gif - (30.93KB , 800x600 , 144.gif )
761176

>Try not to look nervous, keep going and trust Azalea to give you a sign if something is wrong.
>Just keep going and check out the weather but obviously you can't hide like you were planning.

Yeah... I just have to keep calm, I'm not doing anything suspicious.

We arrive at the ladder that leads to the tower.

Azalea: "Lucy, is it? Y-you should go first."

Lucy: "... Alright."

After glancing at me and in Rufa's direction, Lucy starts climbing up. Azalea looks at me with a dire expression.

Azalea: "R-raven... You're up next."
>>
No. 761178 ID: 73551b

Obey.
If Azalea is freaked out, it must be for a good reason.
>>
No. 761184 ID: 15a025

Let's get out of here.
>>
No. 761190 ID: 350a50

She doesn't want you to be alone with Rufa. Go.
>>
No. 761363 ID: ca0e20
File 148010010197.gif - (25.66KB , 800x600 , 145.gif )
761363

>Obey.
>Let's get out of here.
>She doesn't want you to be alone with Rufa. Go.

Without hesitating, I climb up.

Once I'm up, I see Lucy standing near the tower's entrance. Seems like the storm is still going. I approach Lucy.
>>
No. 761364 ID: ca0e20
File 148010010573.gif - (59.33KB , 800x600 , 146.gif )
761364

Raven: "Why is everything green-ish?"

Lucy: "The witch put a barrier around the tower that activates during sandstorms."

Raven: "Oh."

Lucy: "... So, now what? We should go back for the witch, right?"

Raven: "The plan is that I go. You should stay here and stay safe."

Lucy: "But I want to help... I have to. Isn't there anything I can do?"

We came here to check on the storm and to get Rip and Lucy to safety. With Rip being invisible, I don't know where he is. He should be somewhere up here right?

Raven: "... Rip? Are you there?"

No response.
>>
No. 761379 ID: b1b4f3

>>761364
He's probably downstairs fighting Rufa. She was pulling a weapon on your bee friend.
>>
No. 761385 ID: b1b4f3

...so you should probably take a look down and get Lucy to help and maybe go down yourself to look harmless then paralyze Rufa.
>>
No. 761427 ID: 350a50

Rufa detected Rip through invisibility. Ready your paralysis powder.
>>
No. 763186 ID: ca0e20
File 148070900102.gif - (11.79KB , 800x600 , 147.gif )
763186

>you should probably take a look down and get Lucy to help
>Ready your paralysis powder.

I mentally remind myself of which pocket I put the paralysis flower since picking it up would numb my hand. I will have it at the ready.

Raven: "Lucy, follow me!"

Lucy: "Uh?! O-ok!"

I get to the trapdoor and look to see what is happening. Rufa and Azalea are gone. I hear metal falling to the floor at the end of hallways to the East. That must be them!
>>
No. 763187 ID: ca0e20
File 148070900559.gif - (27.78KB , 800x600 , 148.gif )
763187

When I arrive at the closet corner, I find Azalea's swords on the floor. But no other signs of Rufa and Azalea. Lucy catches up.

Raven: "They came by here..."

Lucy says nothing at first then opens the closet. After a quick look inside, she closes the door again.

Lucy: "Nothing out of place here. No one went this way."

I nod to Lucy and, after Lucy picks up Azalea's swords, we continue to follow the hallways.
>>
No. 763188 ID: ca0e20
File 148070900972.gif - (36.41KB , 800x600 , 149.gif )
763188

Finally, we hear noises of a scuffle. We sneakily head to a door that is open. Lucy tried her best not to clink all the weapons she's carrying. I peek in and see Rufa and Rip are facing each other! Both seems to have taken some damage. I also notice Azalea on the floor at the far end of the room. She's conscious but seems like the most hurt of the three.

>go - yourself to look harmless then paralyze Rufa.

I prepare the paralyzing flower and whisper as quietly and quickly as I can to Lucy to wait for me to throw it onto Rufa before entering the room. As I'm about to enter the room to put the plan into motion, I notice that Rip is now in a more defensive stance while Rufa is not attacking.

A small blue orb is currently materializing in front Rufa.
>>
No. 763191 ID: 350a50

Either Rip is casting a spell or Rufa is, and either way Rufa will be distracted. this is your chance to toss the paralyzing powder on her.
>>
No. 763200 ID: 398fe1

>>763188
It's possible that the fight is being interrupted by her boss. While Rufa is distracted, paralyze her. It can't possibly make things worse, right?
>>
No. 763237 ID: 3583d1

Paralyze her quick! We can't allow anyone here to die!
>>
No. 763754 ID: ca0e20
File 148097844940.gif - (28.05KB , 800x600 , 150.gif )
763754

>this is your chance to toss the paralyzing powder on her.
>While Rufa is distracted, paralyze her. It can't possibly make things worse, right?
>Paralyze her quick! We can't allow anyone here to die!

No time to lose! Everything happens in short seconds. I round the doorway, paralyzing flower in hand. A combination of Rip glancing in my direction and noise I make alerts Rufa, but not fast enough as I've already thrown the flower! She turns while swiping the air. She hits the flower in midair making the powder puff all over her face!

Rufa: "Plah! What the hell?! What is thiiii bleeeh"

She seems to have more and more trouble moving her jaw and tongue as the paralyzing pollen from the flower sets in. Her stances is also affected as she struggles to stay standing up. Finally she falls to the ground on her stomach. She still seems to be struggling to move and make heavily drawled angry sounds.

Rufa: "Bleeeeeeh! Graeeeeeeeh!"
>>
No. 763755 ID: ca0e20
File 148097845340.gif - (18.50KB , 800x600 , 151.gif )
763755

Seems like she's down. I look in front of me and see the orb has now completely formed.

Ophi: "Rufa?"

The orb falls to the floor and makes "tink" sounds as it bounces on the floor.

Ophi: "Ahh! Rufa?! What is going on?!"

Rufa: "Rrrruuuuuhhh!"

There is a pause.

Should I do something? Say something? Stay silent?
>>
No. 763757 ID: 400446

I think she's trying to say 'run'. Bring her with you, though.
>>
No. 763762 ID: 350a50

>>763757
I think that's a growl of rage. Ophi might be able to hear us through the orb though.

Hand signal Rip to GTFO and proceed to GTFO. Give Azalea a wave offering for her to come, too. After the fight that just happened, Rufa will probably slit her throat in her sleep if she stays.
>>
No. 763764 ID: 9f3729

>>763755
Get everyone away from the crazy sword lady who was evidently just paranoid enough to detect Rip in full stealth while the paralyzation pollen still has her in it's grasp!
Then ask what the fuck happened.
>>
No. 763786 ID: 15a025

RUN
>>
No. 763798 ID: 398fe1

Why don't we let Azalea explain what just happened? Heck, if she doesn't start talking on her own, openly tell her that she should explain since Ophi isn't likely to believe you.

Go check on Azalea's wounds. Rip can either stay and listen or go back and continue the plan to hide, but don't talk to him directly unless Azalea decides to reveal Rip's presence.

Rufa isn't saying to run and there's nothing to run FROM. She's paralyzed and will be for some time. Taking her weapons might be a good start to handling this situation. Then maybe she can be restrained.
>>
No. 763806 ID: ba506f

make sure the bee girl and rop are ok
>>
No. 763822 ID: 59bd8b

Priority number one should be making sure Azalea is ok and getting her away from the crazy lady. Make sure rip is ok afterwords and also alert him to the sandstorm still raging. Make sure everyone stays in a group now, no separating. Want to be together if Rufa goes after any of you again.
>>
No. 763854 ID: a107fd

Kick the orb away into a far corner of the room. Re-arm Azalea and provide medical attention.
>>
No. 763861 ID: 79a07e

All well and good that we help up Azalea, but what about Ophi? She's clearly going to realize something's wrong. Do we want to risk bouncing out and making ourselves look suspect, or stay around and risk her wrath if Ophi sides with her?

Not for anything in particular, I'm just voicing concerns.
>>
No. 763865 ID: 91ee5f

No matter what we choose to do, we still have to go back and rescue Emerald. We promised her that we would.
>>
No. 763979 ID: 350a50

>>763865
Yes, but priority numero uno is preventing the apocalypse. That means we evac Rip first.
>>
No. 763981 ID: 91ee5f

>>763979
You still believe that?

I think Emerald translated something wrong. Because if you're gonna build something to start the apocalypse, why would you make the necessary sacrifice just one specific race? It would be much easier if it was meant for anyone to be sacrificed to open it.
>>
No. 763988 ID: 350a50

>>763981
Depends how magic works in this setting. There might be a reason a certain type of body or soul is required for the ritual.
>>
No. 764274 ID: ca0e20
File 148114474370.gif - (20.15KB , 800x600 , 152.gif )
764274

>Go check on Azalea's wounds.
>make sure the bee girl and rip are ok
>Priority number one should be making sure Azalea is ok
>Re-arm Azalea and provide medical attention.
>Make sure rip is ok afterwards

I quietly and quickly make my way to Azalea. I check her wounds and luckily, they seems be all surface level, but spread across her body. She should be ok. I would try to give her her weapons back, but some of the cuts looks like it would be harder for her to walk or hold anything.

I look at Rip who has now sheathed his sword and is approaching to look at Azalea too. I look at his cuts but he waves in a dismissing manner.

Ophi: "A-Ava, Rufa is not responding. There a-"

Ava: "WHAT!?"

>Why don't we let Azalea explain what just happened?

I try my luck to whisper to Azalea.

Raven: "Should you explain to Ophi what happened?"

She reacts a bit surprised at the option and takes a second to think on it. Then looks at me with desperate eyes and makes small quick shakes of her head. I want to ask her more about what happened but for now, I decide that we should get out first.

Ava: "Rufa! RUFA!"
>>
No. 764275 ID: ca0e20
File 148114474822.gif - (26.11KB , 800x600 , 153.gif )
764275

>Hand signal Rip to GTFO and proceed to GTFO. Give Azalea a wave offering for her to come, too.
>Get everyone away from the crazy sword lady
>Taking her weapons might be a good start to handling this situation.
>Make sure everyone stays in a group now, no separating.
>[get Azalea] away from the crazy lady.
>Do we want to risk bouncing out and making ourselves look suspect

I do think the best course of action right now is to get away from Rufa. We can always explain later if they're willing to listen. But right now, it feels safer to just get away from her.

I signal to everyone that we should get away. Azalea starts to try and get up but makes an involuntary whimper of pain that she tries to fight against to not make too much noise. As I am about to help her up, Rip moves in and picks her up in an heroic and chivalrous way...

what. what is going on.
>>
No. 764276 ID: ca0e20
File 148114475576.gif - (24.89KB , 800x600 , 154.gif )
764276

As Rip carries Azalea out, I take the weapon that Rufa were using. They look like... metal gloves with sharp knife-like nails...

Rufa: "Rrrrruuuuaaaaahhhhh."

Ophi: "Ava! Wait! You have to keep a steady mind! you know this!"

There is a pause.

I think about kicking the sphere in a corner or something, but since I'm trying to be quiet, I think it would be better to not make the sphere make noise by rolling on the floor... I wish I could kick the sphere though. As I'm about to leave the room, they continue talking.

Ava: "... You stay here. You keep studying this thing and question Emerald. Calla, Marigold, you two are with me."

Ophi:"Ava, if something happened, just make sure you don't do anything rash. You're better than this."

Ava: "I know, Ophi."

Another pause.

Ophi: "Rufa, if you can hear this, Ava is coming."

Seems like that's it. I walk out and Lucy is there waiting for me. She starts walking forward leading me to where Rip and Azalea went.
>>
No. 764277 ID: ca0e20
File 148114476254.gif - (29.06KB , 800x600 , 155.gif )
764277

Once we catch up to Rip and Azalea, Lucy leads us to a new room. She motions to let everyone in before she gets in, so I go in first. This one seems like an underground garden for vegetables. The light on the ceiling looks like the same light that was in the Flower Room...

There is a scarecrow...

Ok, I'm not a crow but that thing still spooks me. I don't like it.
>>
No. 764278 ID: ca0e20
File 148114476859.gif - (37.73KB , 800x600 , 156.gif )
764278

Rip puts Azalea back on her feet after she tells him that she's ok now. She winces as she puts pressure on the leg, but still stands up.

>alert [Rip] to the sandstorm still raging.
>Then ask what the fuck happened.

Raven: "Rip, the sandstorm is still raging."

Rip: "Guess I'm staying then."

Raven: "Also: WHAT HAPPENED!?JUST NOW?!"

Rip: "Dog attacked bee. I stop Dog."

He shrugs

Azalea: "After you climbed through the trapdoor, she put one of her hands on my mouth and the other, wearing her damn claw hands, on my t-throat. She told me to be quiet and led me away. Once we turned the corner, she made me drop my swords and then dragged me into that room... Then she s-started what she usually do. Plays with her prey. She never kills immediately, she always makes small cuts at first, then r-removes things... I'm lucky he showed up..."

She tilt her head towards Rip. She makes an expression like she just remembered something then feels her antenna then sighs.

Azalea: "R-really lucky..."

Raven: "Are you ok?"

Azalea: "Y-yeah. I still have some adrenaline left over but I should be ok. Just a bit stressed still. I should be able to walk once I dress some of these cuts. Especially my left leg. That one hurts the most."

>No matter what we choose to do, we still have to go back and rescue Emerald. We promised her that we would.
>Yes, but priority numero uno is preventing the apocalypse. That means we evac Rip first.

Then I should plan around that. Ava is coming, Rufa is paralyzed in the other room, Azalea is hurt and we can't let them get to Rip. With these in mind, I should try and get Emerald out of the portal room. And I would prefer if we don't split the group, but if it needs to happen, I shouldn't rule that option out. Since the storm is still going, finding a safe spot for Rip would be good, but I would still have to leave Rip behind to get Emerald...

And I still need to find a way to destroy the portal. Doing so would simplify a lot of things.
>>
No. 764327 ID: 350a50

Calla and Marigold are coming with Ava.

Ask Azalea if they would side with us if they knew what Rufa just tried to do to her. I think we can convince Marigold to flip since we're official secret friends, but Calla we don't know as well do we?

Calla sounds like a hardass, but would she tolerate Rufa attacking one of her own?
>>
No. 764331 ID: 4d9425

>>764278
Ahahaha...you wouldnt just so happen to know any emergency bardic spells or the like, huh? No ancient forbidden family/clan magics?

...we need to try some method of misdirection. Make them go on a wild goose chase. Chances are once it's found out Rufa has been powdered, they’ll cure her quick. Either we need to keep them looking for Rufa or take Ava out fast when she shows up...presuming an ambush isn’t suspected, which if they're smart, they will.

Hm...can anyone follow up on this? I'm stuck as for further details.
>>
No. 764338 ID: 350a50

>>764331
We could have Azalea talk to Ava alone and give a version of the story involving only her, Rufa, and the paralyzing powder.

I get the sense that Ava is unstable and for some reason very attached to this sadistic serial killer though. She might just attack Azalea once she finds out she was the one Rufa was fighting with.

We should ask Azalea how Ava fights. Magic, weapons, both?
>>
No. 764340 ID: fb1c7d

Lets talk to Azalea about her talking to the other bees. I mean if Rufa attacked one of them who's to say she wouldn't attack the others. Beyond that I have a feeling these bees are quite close to each other and might be a bit more than miffed that Rufa tried to off Azalea. If we do convince the others to join us then getting Emerald would be easy, seeing as all but 3 of these people are bees. I mean other than Ava, Ophi, and Rufa they might all join us in at least stopping Rufa's rampage and that would probably be the best outcome.

Hell, if we get that to happen we could even get Emerald with Lucy to help keep Ophi from doing anything unfortunate. I bet if her guards left her and she was face to face with a minotaur she would let us leave with Emerald.
>>
No. 764364 ID: 398fe1

>>764278
Sheesh, so Rufa really is crazy. Attacked one of her own allies without provocation. Why didn't Azalea want to explain what happened? Would her boss have sided with Rufa? Was the communication orb a coincidence or did Ophi have some way of telling Rufa got in a fight?

I'm wondering if someone should go back and finish Rufa off so we don't have her contradict any story we come up with. That's the only way we can keep Rip's presence a secret... Then again, with Ava and her helpers busy checking on Rufa, we could circle around to get to Ophi and Emerald to do something about the portal.

Ask Azalea if there's anything special about these plants. Then investigate the scarecrow. What's that bangle on it? If the thing is so unnerving maybe the source of that fear is from an enchantment. Either on the clothing or on the bangle. Maybe you should wear it for its fear effect. Even a moment's hesitation could mean the difference in handling an enemy. Also, it looks like a cool outfit.
>>
No. 764371 ID: 91ee5f

>>764278
So, basically, what I'm hearing is that Rufa may not have even known Rip was there and just dragged Azalea away to slowly torture her to death, just for fun?! WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

>Scarecrow.
Hide behind Lucy. If she asks why you're doing that, just tell her that scarecrow is scaring you.

>>764364
>Scarecrow is enchanted to scare.
That's a good point, let's try that.

>Even a moment's hesitation could mean the difference in handling an enemy.
.....speaking of eventual combat situations that Raven might possibly get in, do we even know what Raven's abilities are? I don't think it was ever mentioned if Raven can use magic or if she was good with a sword or something. And now that I think about it, I don't think she ever had a weapon with her all the way back in thread 1!
>>
No. 764407 ID: 350a50

>>764371
I think Raven is actually just a minstrel.
>>
No. 764415 ID: 91ee5f

>>764407
Then where's her instrument? Or is she a singer that doesn't require an instrument?
>>
No. 764418 ID: 398fe1

>>764371
She had a dagger but lost it. She was apparently an adventurer, but even if she can fight with a weapon she has been unable to get one.

Maybe she can use the claw-gauntlets we got off Rufa?
>>
No. 764446 ID: 79a07e

>>764364
>with Ava and her helpers busy checking on Rufa, we could circle around to get to Ophi and Emerald to do something about the portal.

That might be a plan, yeah.
>>
No. 765910 ID: ca0e20
File 148175899688.gif - (36.15KB , 800x600 , 157.gif )
765910

>Hide behind Lucy. If she asks why you're doing that, just tell her that scarecrow is scaring you.
>investigate the scarecrow. If the thing is so unnerving maybe the source of that fear is from an enchantment.
>Maybe you should wear it for its fear effect.

Haha, yeah cause I wasn't already doing that! I should start hiding now! Haha!

I doubt it has a fear enchantment. I'm the only one who seems spooked by it for some reason! It's the others that are weird! In any case, maybe asking Lucy to remove the clothes from it would make the atmosphere of this place better. And I could properly investigate the clothing.

Raven: "Lucy, can you take the clothes off this scarecrow for no reason?"

Lucy: "Uh? Oh, sure. But wh-"

Raven: "NO REASON!"

She gives me a look like I'm the crazy one here being afraid of a scary thing like a normal person and then proceeds to removing the clothes off the scarecrow, after unloading the weapons she was carrying on and around the small drawer next to the scarecrow.
>>
No. 765912 ID: ca0e20
File 148175900230.gif - (23.47KB , 800x600 , 158.gif )
765912

>you wouldnt just so happen to know any emergency bardic spells or the like, huh? No ancient forbidden yomafnil/clan magics?
>do we even know what Raven's abilities are?
>I think Raven is actually just a minstrel.
>Then where's her instrument? Or is she a singer that doesn't require an instrument?
>Maybe she can use the claw-gauntlets we got off Rufa?

I'm an adventurer, like Rip. People like us chose to wander the world to either do tasks for people that usually can't do it themselves or explore abandoned buildings and dungeons, temple and the like. Basically finding whatever valuables to sell for money and use that money for food and shelter, assuming we want to buy or rent such things since we can manage to find food other places or sleep anywhere. But cooked food from a chef and a nice room definitely is better than a kinda cooked or too cooked meat on a fire pit and sleeping on the ground outside. If we find enough gold, we can even use that extra to maybe treat ourselves with other more expensive items, like enchanted weapons or helpful potions.

I have established that I can use weapons. I've admitted that I am not an expert, but I can still be effective with a weapon enough to defend and not hurt myself in the process. And yes, as much as I'm a bit embarrassed about it, I lost the dagger I was carrying in the desert. The only weapon I've had my hand on since I arrived was Rip's sword which I ended up giving back to him before I had a chance to use it. Now I have these claw hand gauntlet things that Rufa was using. I'll be honest, I have no idea how good I would be at using them, but I guess I just have to pretend like I have claws and scratch at my foes. And since they are made of metal, they might protect my hands too.

As for the bard and singing, I'm not really a bard. I mean I have nothing against trying to be one! But I just self-appointed myself as a bard when I was planning on making an adventuring party with my new friends. Lucy is a fighter, Rip is sneak-y, Emerald is a magic user (after we get her to understand right from wrong) and I could be the bard! I sang earlier and was apparently ok at it!

And I don't think I can do magic of any kind. Although, while I have no real knowledge of magic, magic does feel familiar. I been around a lot of magic users, it feels like magic has been around me all my life.

>Either we need to keep them looking for Rufa or take Ava out fast when she shows up...presuming an ambush isn’t suspected, which if they're smart, they will.
>I'm wondering if someone should go back and finish Rufa off so we don't have her contradict any story we come up with.
>with Ava and her helpers busy checking on Rufa, we could circle around to get to Ophi and Emerald to do something about the portal.
>That might be a plan, yeah.

I don't think I have the stomach to kill someone who's paralyzed, even if they are crazy. And I wouldn't want to ask someone from our group to do it either. If I feel like it's the best option... I could... try...

But! I do like the other idea! If I can find a place to hide Rufa, that will make Ava waste her time trying to find her! Then we can sneak by and get to Ophi and Emerald! I just need to figure out a place to hide Rufa in. Azalea and Rip should also find a place to go if Lucy and I go to the portal room. Actually I should get info from Azalea before making any real plan...
>>
No. 765913 ID: ca0e20
File 148175900876.gif - (34.56KB , 800x600 , 159.gif )
765913

>Calla and Marigold are coming with Ava. Ask Azalea if they would side with us if they knew what Rufa just tried to do to her.
>Lets talk to Azalea about her talking to the other bees.

Raven: "Azalea. Calla and Marigold are accompanying Ava to look for Rufa. Could we get them to side with us?"

Azalea: "It would be easy to get Marigold to at least be your best friend, but I'm not sure I've ever seen her attack anyone before. As for Calla, we're under contract. As our leader of the Flower Squad, I think she might try to honor that contract first."

Raven: "She doesn't care that you got hurt? That Rufa attacked you even though you're suppose to be on her side?"

Azalea: "What? No! I'm- I'm sure it would bother her if she finds out that I got hurt. But we take jobs knowing we can get hurt. I'm sure it's no big deal. Maybe. I mean, we're not technically part of Ava's group. As long as the contract is up, we have an allegiance to her and, to some extent, her higher subordinates. We follow Ava, Ophi, and Rufa's orders... We all knew about Rufa, but she has not turned against anyone until now. At least not physically. I was afraid of her, but I wasn't expecting her to actually do something this time. Maybe she thinks we're fair game now that- Well, now that they're in a bad spot."

Raven: "What about the others?"

Azalea: "Aster is a wild card to be honest. She keeps flip flopping between being lazy and being efficient. But I'm sure I could convince her to join us... Assuming Calla doesn't get her against us."

Azalea: "Poppy might be a bit complicated. If the contract is still in effect, she'll do anything to honor it. But again, she mainly follows Calla's order... Actually, even I don't know what she'd follow first at this point. A contract, to look professional, or her own eldest sister... I'm sure she'd listen to Calla... I hope."

>We should ask Azalea how Ava fights. Magic, weapons, both?

Raven: "Can you tell me how Ava fights? Magic, weapon, both?"

Azalea: "She has a sword she uses. She's probably the best sword fighter I know. Even if 3 of us bees spar with her, she could handle us. She's quick, very defensive and evasive and takes any opening in our defense to strike swiftly. Her sword can stop magic too. So forget about using magic on her. I think I also saw she has a hidden dagger on her, under her cloak. Probably as an emergency. I have no idea if it's special too though."

>Why didn't Azalea want to explain what happened? Would her boss have sided with Rufa? Was the communication orb a coincidence or did Ophi have some way of telling Rufa got in a fight?

Raven: "Why didn't you want to explain what happened to Ophi before? Would have they sided with Rufa?"

Azalea: "Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's nothing that can be done to get Ava to be against Rufa. She's been encouraging Rufa to act on her violent side. Going on about how "choices" are one of the only true laws of freedom in life."

>Ask Azalea if there's anything special about these plants.

I look around to the plants around me.

Raven: "Is there anything special about these plants here?"

Azalea: "No, these look like simple vegetables to me. At least, the ones I can see. If there's anything special with any of them, their leaves are not different."
>>
No. 765914 ID: ca0e20
File 148175901502.gif - (16.58KB , 800x600 , 160.gif )
765914

Looks like Lucy finished disrobing the Scarecrow. This room already feels better!

>investigate the scarecrow. What's that bangle on it?

Bangle? Like you wear on your wrist? I can't find any.

Only thing I can find is a bell on the end of a string. But there's no ball in it so it doesn't jingle. There's gloves and there's also the top part that covers the shoulder with the darker part lining it... I'm good at clothes.

>Maybe you should wear it for its fear effect. Also, it looks like a cool outfit.
>That's a good point, let's try that.

Should I wear it? Even after establishing that it might not have anything magic to it?

At any rate, I should decide what we do. I might be able to ask Azalea a couple of extra questions, but I've already spent time here talking to her and stuff and Ava is on her way. Where should everyone go and do? Seems like the plan would be for Me and Lucy to go to the Portal room. Should Rip escort Azalea somewhere? If we're moving Rufa, who will do so and where?

You can tell Raven to wear the outfit, if there's not enough resistance about it, she'll wear it and leave the current outfit in this room. I will not penalize the change of clothes for time.
>>
No. 765918 ID: 350a50

Nah, I prefer our current outfit.

We should slip past and get to the room with the paralyzing plant, so we can reload on that. It's our best chance against Ava. When you can't win, cheat.

We should not return to Emerald/Ophi yet. They have Aster and Poppy with them. We have no chance of turning Poppy unless we get Calla, Aster is a wild card, and Emerald might be siding with Ava at this point.

We need to catch Ava's group off-guard, disable Ava, and have Azalea explain the situation to Calla. That Ava and Rufa are too dangerous to the bee sisters now that Rufa is trying to get them alone and pick them off. Once we have her swaying to our side, we can explain the doomsday portal and why it is a bad idea to help them for the ENTIRE WORLD's sake.

Rip has the best chance of catching Ava off guard, and his clothing is completely covering him. He should be able to use the paralyzing pollen most safely and efficiently.

Raven, Rufa and Ava are dangerous and unhinged. Rufa is a ruthless sadist, and Ava is too attached to her - even encourages her behavior. For the sake of all of your friends' future safety you need to be ready to put them down when the time comes.

As for Emerald/Ophi, we'll cross that bridge when it comes. Ophi is mostly an unknown to us right now and Emerald may or may not be redeemable. Depends on if we can get her to help us destroy the portal. If she's not willing to, then we just can't trust her.
>>
No. 765922 ID: 398fe1

>>765912
>place to hide Rufa
In the magical plants room, behind the planter. Or dump her in the "prison cell". Whichever's faster-- you have to do it without running into Ava.

If you pick the magical plants room, you could consider lacing those gloves with either paralysis powder or the poison vine. Depends on if we actually want to kill anyone. Probably not, since most of the people we're fighting against are bees, and they're all one big family. Kill one and we will not be forgiven.

>>765918
>disable Ava
Jesus, how? She's apparently so good at fighting that she can fight off three bees at once, and we've seen how fast they are. Are Lucy and Rip strong enough to pick up the difference?

...oh, idea. If we put Rufa down into the prison cell but in a spot that's visible from above, we could wait outside in the sandstorm (it'll be miserable but we can do it) and Ava will most likely be the one to go into the pit. If we can ambush the group and get to the ladder to disable it, Ava would be stuck down there with Rufa, and neither one would be a threat anymore. It might also be possible to not outright attack, and have Raven approach Marigold to get her on our side first, and maybe distract Callia before the others rush in to trap Ava...

Alternatively we could just leave Rufa hidden so we can try to rescue Emerald and hope that we can convince her to help us fight Ava. Even if Ava can block magic, it'll be another thing she has to deal with in the fight. Also Emerald can just take out the other members of Ava's group so the rest of our group can focus on Ava. It might be easier to fight Aster, Poppy, and Ophi than fight Ava's group.
>>
No. 765928 ID: 350a50

>>765922
Plan was to disable Ava with the paralysis powder, delivered by invisible Rip.

I like your plan of trapping Ava and Rufa in the prison pit though, and then we could safely dump paralysis pollen down there and finish them off while they're vulnerable.
>>
No. 765939 ID: 398fe1

>>765928
Oh derp, I didn't even read your whole suggestion.

If we can do that, paralyze Ava via an invisible Rip, then we're mostly in the clear. All we'd have to do then is talk down her two bee bodyguards, and explain the situation. Then imprison the two violence-addicts in the pit regardless if we were there to begin with. Afterwards we can go to the portal room and settle things.
>>
No. 765951 ID: 350a50

>>765939
I guess it comes down to:

Are we more confident in Rip out-stealthing Ava, or in us out-smarting Ava with the pit.

I think I'd bet on Rip sooner myself, since he was able to fool the bees and Rufa - who are all very perceptive and skilled warriors.

Ava is a clever girl, she might not fall for the trap, or she might be fast enough to get out of it given her keen reflexes. We need a point-blank attack she can't possible detect before it's already made contact.
>>
No. 765952 ID: ca0e20

Reminder that the disthread is over here for planning a plan: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/99036.html
>>
No. 766096 ID: ca0e20
File 148183433284.gif - (43.08KB , 800x600 , 161.gif )
766096

>Raven, Rufa and Ava are dangerous and unhinged. Rufa is a ruthless sadist, and Ava is too attached to her - even encourages her behavior. For the sake of all of your friends' future safety you need to be ready to put them down when the time comes.

...

>Nah, I prefer our current outfit.

I decide to leave this outfit behind and keep my current one on.

>We should slip past and get to the room with the paralyzing plant, so we can reload on that.
>We need to catch Ava's group off-guard, disable Ava, and have Azalea explain the situation to Calla.
>Rip has the best chance of catching Ava off guard, and his clothing is completely covering him. He should be able to use the paralyzing pollen most safely and efficiently.
>[Hide Rufa] In the magical plants room, behind the planter.
>If we can do that, paralyze Ava via an invisible Rip, then we're mostly in the clear.
>I think I'd bet on Rip sooner myself, since he was able to fool the bees and Rufa

Since the prison is further, and since I trust invisible Rip more than outsmarting Ava, we'll try to paralyze her.

Raven: "Lucy, go and get Rufa now and bring her to the flower room. We'll hide her behind the planter. Be careful not to get the paralyzing powder she has on her on yourself. Hurry, but try to stay hidden from Ava. She's the owl dressed in red."

Lucy: "Ok."

Lucy takes her axe and leaves the room.

Raven: "Rip, come with me. Azalea... You stay here and rest."

Azalea: "Alright. I should be able to use my swords in an emergency. I'll just sit over here for now..."

Rip and I leave and make our way to the flower room.
>>
No. 766097 ID: ca0e20
File 148183433796.gif - (50.43KB , 800x600 , 162.gif )
766097

Once we get there, I take another paralyzing flower and hand it to Rip.

Raven: "Pick this up quick!"

He does.

Raven: "You should be able to handle this better than I can since you're more covered up. The powder from this flower can paralyze, like you've seen happen to Rufa. You should be able to get close to Ava with your ability to go invisible and paralyze her."

Rip: "Alright."

We can go now or wait for Lucy. Once we go, we have to come up with where we plan on putting our plan into motion. Should Rip go alone? If Lucy or I go, what is our roles?
>>
No. 766098 ID: 350a50

Azalea will need to be present or nearby in hiding, as she is our best ally (and proof) for convincing Calla to flip. We will also need a location where we can safely get the jump on them and get the upper hand.

I suggest the ladder up to the tower as a staging point. Maybe get a little blood on it on purpose. Ava should be in a hurry to investigate, and will probably go up first. Being in the room above when the comes up the ladder gives everybody involved the element of surprise, cover, a choke point, and height advantage, as well as forcing Ava to use her hands to climb up. If Calla/Marigold go up first it just means we can have Azalea convince them to stand down first.

Plus, when Ava goes up the ladder, she will see Raven, Lucy, and Azalea as obvious threats. This makes her less likely to look for another threat, dividing her attention. She is talented and aware of her surroundings, but Rip's ability to stay hidden in the portal room proves she definitely can't detect him when distracted by other things.
>>
No. 766113 ID: 91ee5f

>>766098
Raven just told Azalea to stay and rest in that room. We're gonna end up wasting time if we go back to get her. Plus, she hasn't had any time at all to rest! Just leave Azalea to rest in that room.
>>
No. 766116 ID: 350a50

>>766113
If we don't have Azalea, there's no reason for Calla not to attack us.
>>
No. 766298 ID: ca0e20
File 148192231042.gif - (30.19KB , 800x600 , 163.gif )
766298

>I suggest the ladder up to the tower as a staging point. Maybe get a little blood on it on purpose. Ava should be in a hurry to investigate, and will probably go up first. Being in the room above when the comes up the ladder gives everybody involved the element of surprise, cover, a choke point, and height advantage, as well as forcing Ava to use her hands to climb up. If Calla/Marigold go up first it just means we can have Azalea convince them to stand down first.

I go back to Azalea and Rip follows. On the way, we cross paths with Lucy who's carrying Rufa to the Flower Room and I tell her to meet us in the tower after she's done with her task since we're planning an ambush there. I also tell Rip that he can go there now. I continue to the Garden Room and tell Azalea that we'll need her after all. She says it's "no biggie". When we get back to the ladder, Rip is there waiting.

Raven: "You're suppose to wait for us up there! Not down here!"

Rip: "I know. I prefer not waiting up there while everyone else is down here. I go last."

I frown a bit, hoping that this won't be an hindrance to the plan. I turn to Azalea.

Raven: "Can you climb up there?"

Azalea: "I should be able to..."

Raven: "...If you still have wet blood, make sure you leave bloody marks on the ladder."

Azalea: "...Uh, ok?"

I hold her swords while she starts to climb up at a relatively slow pace and Lucy arrives. Rip touches his wound and squints as a reaction, then wipes a little bit of blood on the wall next to the ladder.
>>
No. 766299 ID: ca0e20
File 148192231650.gif - (37.24KB , 800x600 , 164.gif )
766299

I hear faint voices echoing down the halls.

I whisper.

Raven: "Everyone be quiet."

Azalea is only half way up the ladder and slows down when we hear the voices. Rip starts walking down the hall while turning invisible.

Raven: "Wait! Rip...! Rip?"
>>
No. 766307 ID: 398fe1

>>766299
The others continue with the plan (and more importantly, get out of sight), while you follow Rip, acting like you're just wandering around. Your presence in the halls unescorted isn't actually suspicious since they outright told you that you could do it.

If Rip is about to go paralyze Ava you could serve as a momentary distraction.
>>
No. 766319 ID: 350a50

'The Plan' rarely survives first contact anyways.

Help Azalea down and carry on after Rip. Showing up carrying Azalea's swords would look hella suspicious, and Ava will already be on edge.
>>
No. 766320 ID: 350a50

>>766319
Addendum: help Azalea walk as you go. It makes you look more like an ally to Calla and Marigold, and less like a threat to Ava.
>>
No. 766875 ID: ca0e20
File 148218247651.gif - (33.28KB , 800x600 , 165.gif )
766875

>you follow Rip
>Help Azalea down and carry on after Rip
>help Azalea walk as you go.

Ugh, Rip!

Raven: "Ok, new plan: Azalea come back down, Lucy help me get her down quicker."

Lucy: "O-ok."

Lucy and I help Azalea back down.

Azalea: "Ooo, ah. See? No problem. I feel like a princess, heheh."

Raven: "Here, I'll help you walk. We have to move."

Azalea: "Ok."

We follow after Rip.
>>
No. 766876 ID: ca0e20
File 148218248195.gif - (36.13KB , 800x600 , 166.gif )
766876

Just as we're about to reach the corner, invisible hands grasps me to stop me from going forward.

Rip: "What? Why are you here?"

Raven: "You left!"

Rip: "I am scouting. Making sure they did not surprise us."

Raven: "You didn't say anything! How are we suppose to know why you wander off?"

Rip pauses. Then response in a calmer apologizing tone.

Rip: "I am usually alone. Not use to tell other what I do."

Raven: "Anyway, change of plans. We're confronting them with Azalea. We were gonna ambush them in the tower as they climb up the ladder, but I'm not sure we can do that anymore."

Rip: "... ambush sounds like better plan."

Raven: "It's-"
>>
No. 766877 ID: ca0e20
File 148218248649.gif - (37.55KB , 800x600 , 167.gif )
766877

*POOF*

Rips become visible with an energetic yet deafened "poof", unlike the way he usually becomes visible. It takes a second for his eyes to show that he registered what happened.

Raven: "Why are you visible again?! It's dangerous here!"

Instead of answering, Rip start to frantically grab his chest, like he's trying to figure out the shape of something in his outfit.

Rip: "[small...]Why?[/small]"

At this moment, something past Rip catches my attention, something red.
>>
No. 766878 ID: ca0e20
File 148218249203.gif - (22.89KB , 800x600 , 168.gif )
766878

Ava is here. Holding a sword that glows in that color.

Ava: "Well isn't this an interesting turn of events. And I was just looking for a reptilian..."

>>
No. 766881 ID: e9b78a

RIP!!! BEHIND YOU!!!
>>
No. 766896 ID: 79a07e

Okay, trying to think of something in the disthread. Help?
>>
No. 766919 ID: 15a025

It looks like shes getting readying to use another spell or give you all a nice poking. Get ready to dodge and try to return fire.
>>
No. 766931 ID: 398fe1

Ask her why she wants to use the portal and summon an army of demons. Her mad dog already attacked one of her allies, does she really think she can control the demons any better?

Get ready for a fight.
>>
No. 766975 ID: 350a50

Now see, the thing here is, she needs Rip alive if she wants to sacrifice him - for the same reason Emerald had him captured alive. That means she needs to go for a non-lethal takedown on him, and that gives him an opening to hit her with the powder.

We need to make sure she doesn't notice what he has in his hand, and that means distracting her.

>>766931
Do this. If you can, at an ideal moment, throw Azalea's sword at Ava. She will deflect it easily, but maybe Rip can get some of the powder on her. You can't parry particles of powder out of the air.
>>
No. 766982 ID: 4d9425

>>766931
Are you sure about this? That would tip our hand about us already knowing about the portal and what it does. I think the better option after thinking about it might be to actually play the fool and ask what's going on.
>>
No. 766985 ID: 91ee5f

>>766975
>You can't parry particles of powder out of the air.
True, but as a magic user, she doesn't need to do that. She just needs to make a gust of wind to blow the powder back at us. It won't effect Rip because his clothing will protect him, but it'll hit everyone behind him.

Rip will need to get really close to her so that she doesn't have time to blow the powder away.
>>
No. 766988 ID: 350a50

>>766985
So far as Azalea told us, her sword stops magic. That's how she dispelled Rips invisibility charm. It must not have happened in the portal room because her sword wasn't drawn? Or maybe he was just out of range?

In fact, that sword might be our key to destroying the portal.
>>
No. 767575 ID: ca0e20
File 148243936665.gif - (39.88KB , 800x600 , 169.gif )
767575

>Ask her why she wants to use the portal and summon an army of demons. Her mad dog already attacked one of her allies, does she really think she can control the demons any better?
>Do this.
>I think the better option after thinking about it might be to actually play the fool and ask what's going on.

Raven: "What is going on?!"

Ava: "This does not concern you Raven. If you want to get involved, help me bring this reptile to the portal room."

Rip swings around to face Ava while drawing his sword. I side step enough to get a better view of Ava and to distance myself from Rip a bit. I hear Lucy behind approach Azalea to help her. Ava's gaze is focused past Rip and I for a moment, her expression changing as she see's, what I assume, Azalea hurt, then hardens again when she start shifting her focus back and forth between Rip and I in a methodical manner.

Ava: "Seems like there's an extra head here..."

Rip shifts backward a bit, Ava takes a step forward.

Ava: "Stay! Still, reptile! It would be best if you don't try to leave just yet."

Rip is acting odd. Nervous. I know I have not known him long, but I'm still surprised seeing him this way. He never looked bothered with anything before. Why is he losing his composure now?

Raven: "... I'd rather know what is going on before I just blindly help someone."

Ava: "You told me earlier that you only had one extra friend around here. And now I see two new faces among your entourage. One of them a reptilian... I think we both know what is going on here."
>>
No. 767576 ID: ca0e20
File 148243937028.gif - (32.99KB , 800x600 , 170.gif )
767576

Well, I guess acting like I don't know what is going on might not work anymore.

Raven: "In that case, let me ask you this: Why would you want to use the portal and summon and army of demons? Your dog attacked one of your allies already! How can you believe that you can control the demons any better?"

I gesture toward Azalea with my free hand. During my question, Ava's expression goes from satisfaction at the mention of demons and slight surprise at the mention of of Rufa's attack. However, her gaze fixes itself onto my hand while I finished saying what I'm saying and an expression of shock and worry dominates her face as I conclude my question. I look at my hand and realized that I just showed Ava that I'm in the possession of Rufa's claws.

I look back at Ava who looks at me like a predator would a prey.

Ava: "You're lucky I have more pressing matter that are beyond my personal stakes, corvid. But if you get in my way, I won't hesitate to make you pay for what you did to Rufa!"

And with that, she is now moving toward our group for an attack!

Female voice: "Azalea!"
>>
No. 767577 ID: ca0e20
File 148243937638.gif - (36.95KB , 800x600 , 171.gif )
767577

>Get ready for a fight.
>If you can, at an ideal moment, throw Azalea's sword at Ava. She will deflect it easily, but maybe Rip can get some of the powder on her.

The first thing I do is take one of Azalea's sword and throw it at Ava. As expected, she starts deflecting it in a flourish. In the short seconds I bought myself, I glance to see that Rip is looking back and forth in a panicked state, while grasping him chest. What is he doing?! I continue my gaze backward to see that a new Bee, who I assume is Calla, and Marigold are here. Calla is in a fighting stance and is focused on Lucy who is currently holding Azalea by a hand and holding her axe in a defensive manner with the other.

Calla: "Don't worry Azalea, we'll get you out of here!"

Marigold is in a defensive stance and looks unsure about what to do. I snap my head back towards Ava and hold up my claws in a defensive manner and that halts Ava's forward advance for a moment as she gets defensive also. I have a moment to think of a course of action...

Azalea: "Calla..."

Azalea seems to be about to start talking her sisters down. Maybe I should take that into consideration in my plan...

Inventory: Pruned-up Apple, Full Canteen of Pure Water, Old Journal, Rufa's Claws, one Bee sword(Azalea).
>>
No. 767610 ID: 2e175a

We need to buy time to get boss bee on our side.

Throw the apple at Ava's feet. She'll never expect you to throw something that isn't dangerous and it'll distract her for a second before she realizes it isn't a threat.

Alternatively, offer the apple as a peace offering.
>>
No. 767611 ID: 9f3729

>>767577
scream out "holy shit you guys are all fucking idiots!"
If they give pause, launch into a tirade about the following:
-I thought you would kill my friends
-Rufa is alive and unharmed I just took her claws
-summoning demons is literally the shittiest idea why would you ever do this
-I just got done stopping the last dingus to try that, stop
>>
No. 767613 ID: 350a50

"Rufa is safe, Ava. Unlike her I don't hurt people for no reason."
>>
No. 767615 ID: 79a07e

>"Whoa! First off, Rufa is alive! And not hurt! She's just paralyzed- temporarily.
>And WHY she's paralyzed is because, like we said, she was trying to KILL Azalea. If we hadn't done anything, she'd be dead, and I don't WANT that.
>Even besides that, you never answered the question. What makes you think you'd have any chance of controlling a swarm of demons?! Why would you even WANT to?

As for Rip, I dunno what's going on with his chest, but I don't think it's just a lost device. I seriously think it's some kind of health concern.
>>
No. 767625 ID: 350a50

>>767615
What if Rip has a magic-powered pacemaker?
>>
No. 767631 ID: b1b4f3

>>767625
Maybe we need to convince Ava to let him go for the time being. Rip can't go anywhere with the sandstorm anyway!
>>
No. 767822 ID: ca0e20
File 148252676841.gif - (38.55KB , 800x600 , 172.gif )
767822

>Throw the apple at Ava's feet.
>scream out "holy shit you guys are all fucking idiots!"

Raven: "Holy Smite! You people are all complete idiots!"

I say while throwing the apple at Ava's feet. The apple, being as old as it was, explodes in a messy apple jam. Ava, not realizing that the attack was harmless jumps backward a good distance. None of the apple gets on her.

>As for Rip, I dunno what's going on with his chest, but I don't think it's just a lost device. I seriously think it's some kind of health concern.
>What if Rip has a magic-powered pacemaker?

I take the moment of pause to talk to Rip.

Raven: "Rip! You doing ok? Something wrong with your chest?"

Rip is still grabbing at his chest, but in a less frantic manner.

Rip: "I- ...no. Chest is fine. I'm fine..."

Seems like he's starting to collect himself again, but he still seems tense.

>Rufa is alive and unharmed I just took her claws
>Dialogues

I then turn to Ava to set things straight.

"First off, Rufa is alive! And not hurt! She's just paralyzed. Temporarily[u]. I just took her claws... She is safe, Ava. Unlike her I don't hurt people for no reason. And [u]why she's paralyzed is because, like we said, she was trying to kill Azalea. If we hadn't done anything, she'd be dead, and I don't want that."

Azalea: "It's true, Calla. These people are friendlies..."

After a flash of surprised and brief relief. Ava stands there for a moment, pensive.

Calla: "Ava."

Calla calls out to Ava in a strict and challenging tone. I hear the bees talk behind me but keep my eyes on Ava. Ava doesn't seem to consider responding to Calla. Finally she talks.

Ava: "... Paralyzed, huh? It does explain how you got your hands on her weapons. She would never allow anyone to use them otherwise... Where is she?"

>summoning demons is literally the shittiest idea why would you ever do this
>Dialogue

Raven: "You never answered my question. What makes you think you'd have any chance of controlling a swarm of demons?! Why would you even want to?"

Ava: "Based on the info Ophi have gathered on the portal, it's looking likely. You sound like you know what that is about... And you don't need to worry about the details of my plans. If this portal really is meant to give the power it emanates to someone, it'll be more than enough for me. And I'll be more than enough for it. Don't you worry about my abilities. Things are in good hand with me."

Ava: "Enough chit chat, You tell me where Rufa is and I'll escort our reptilian friend to the portal..."

>Maybe we need to convince Ava to let him go for the time being. Rip can't go anywhere with the sandstorm anyway!

Raven: "The sandstorm is still up! Rip doesn't need to go to the portal right away! He can't go anywhere!"

Ava: "I think we both know how foolish it would be to let him wander while we figure out how to use him. Not only we'd have to search the place for him once we need him, but all he'd have to do is wait next to an entrance and leave as soon as the sandstorm is down. I don't believe in luck, only opportunities. And I won't gamble and give him a possible opportunity to leave like that."

Ava: "Calla, prepare to take the lizard by force. Cut the other 2 down if you need to."

Calla: "We need to talk about Rufa-"

Ava: "Calla, you're still under contract! If you want to inquire about something, we'll do it later. For now, obey the order and handle the situation!"

Calla: "... Azalea, come over here. Marigold will help you."

Lucy: "Raven...?"

Ava: "Tell me where Rufa is and I'll consider going easy on you..."
>>
No. 767829 ID: 91ee5f

>>767822
"Ava, we also know that you've been encouraging Rufa to act on her violent side. Maybe that's why she attacked Azalea! You encouraged her to kill your own teammates! Or maybe you don't trust the bees and you told her to kill them?"

"And Calla, how can you trust Ava if she's going to let Rufa kill your team? Who the fuck cares about looking professional if you can't guarantee your team's safety from your own employer! In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the first time Rufa has done something like this! Think about it, didn't you have someone disappear or go missing with no explanation between the time you teamed up with Ava to before you got here to this tower? If you care more about a stupid contract than your own team, you're going to end up getting them killed! Which is why Azalea is staying with us, she'll be safer with us than with you!"

Protect Rip and Azalea!
>>
No. 767843 ID: a107fd

>Tell me where Rufa is and I'll consider going easy on you.

No, you won't. Tell me what you're planning to destroy with an army of demons and I'll consider sharing what I know about that poison (gesture to the mess on the floor), how fast it soaks through cloth or skin, how much I saw splash onto your feet just now, possible treatments, everything you need to know.

If she expresses skepticism that you'd deploy deadly poison so carelessly, grin like a crazy person and say that preventing an apocalyptic invasion is more important than your own life.

This isn't actually a lie: apple seeds contain cyanide, but in quantities small enough to be harmless to a healthy adult.
>>
No. 767846 ID: b1b4f3

>>767822
Time to bluff. Tell her you beat Rufa in combat and didn't take a scratch. Does she think she can beat you and your friends?

Let's say everything goes according to how she wants. Maybe she controls the demons properly. What happens then? Will she bend the world to her will? Teach the world that power is all that matters and people like Rufa can do whatever they want? Freedom isn't about having power over other people. It's about other people not having power over you. If she really believed in freedom that much she would let her mercenaries decide how to deal with this without the contract controlling their choices.
>>
No. 767857 ID: fb1c7d

Seriously talk to Calla. She sounds so incredibly insane right now. What use is a good reputation if A) you die, B) The WORLD dies, and C) No one will blame you for breaking contact when the person your contracted to ACTIVELY STARTS KILLING YOU. Seriously, if Calla made a contract with someone and they immediately started stabbing her fellow bee's in the gut she would stand around doing nothing? There are limits that contracts go.

Other than that, I have no idea. Other people are saying lie, so go with whichever lie gets more votes.

>>767846
Also using logic on someone like Ava more than likely won't work. Worth a try I guess though?
>>
No. 767874 ID: 350a50

Ava won't be fooled most likely, and she already knows we beat Rufa using paralysis.

>>767829
This, but shorter and sweeter. We have no time for a paragraph of dialogue.

We absolutely need the bees on our side here if we want any chance at all. Ava won't be talked down, especially while she has an advantage.
>>
No. 767903 ID: 79a07e

>>767829
Seconding this and >>767874.
>>
No. 770490 ID: ca0e20
File 148356331086.gif - (45.46KB , 800x600 , 173.gif )
770490

>Dialogues
>We have no time for a paragraph of dialogue.

Raven: "Freedom isn't about having power over other people. It's about other people not having power over you. If you really believed in freedom that much, you would let your mercenaries decide how to deal with this without the contract controlling their choices."

Ava: "... If that's what you truly believe, then maybe we should talk later. We don't need to be enemies. But for now, I need to secure that lizard.

Ava: "Calla! On your move! I'm going after the lizard."

>Dialogues
>Seriously talk to Calla.

I turn to Calla to try and plead with her before she decides to attack.

Raven: "Calla, how can you trust Ava if she's going to let Rufa kill your team?! If you care more about a stupid contract than your own team, you're going to end up getting them killed! There are limits that contracts go!"

Calla squints a bit at me with an expression of intensity and uncertainty. Keeping her gaze on me she turns her head a little toward Marigold.

Calla: "Marigold. Take --- raven. Keep --- ---- ---- Ava, --- ---- kill her. I'll ------ --- Minotaur."

With that, and with some hesitation from Marigold, Ava approaches Rip, Calla approaches Lucy, and Marigold approaches me with a very worried yet confused expression.

>Protect Rip and Azalea!

Raven: "Lucy! Protect Azalea!"

I move a bit closer to Rip but confrontation is coming from both sides.

No time to talk anymore! Who do I focus on?! What do I do?!

Inventory: Full Canteen of Pure Water, Old Journal, Rufa's Claws, one Bee sword(Azalea).
>>
No. 770500 ID: a107fd

Jump over the apple debris and circle around to flank. If Ava turns to face you, parry with the sword and generally try not to die, buying Rip time to reestablish invisibility and/or line up a backstab. If Ava remains focused on Rip, attempt to grab her butt. With the claws, that could cause a disabling injury, but is unlikely to be fatal.
>>
No. 770520 ID: 398fe1

Oh, the door! That leads to the plant room. There's so much in there you could use to gain an advantage. Also it's a choke point. Fight in there!
>>
No. 770535 ID: 350a50

>>770520
This. When surrounded, find a choke point and limit enemy maneuverability.
>>
No. 770570 ID: 91ee5f

>>770520
Are we sure that's the plant room? If it is, then do we really want to back in there? Remember, we left Rufa in there and I'm not sure if she's still paralyzed or not.

But if Rufa is still paralyzed, then we can grab some more of that paralyzing flower and throw it at Ava and the bees!
>>
No. 771749 ID: ca0e20
File 148415020147.gif - (48.58KB , 800x600 , 174.gif )
771749

>Jump over the apple debris and circle around to flank. If Ava turns to face you, parry with the sword and generally try not to die
>Oh, the door! That leads to the plant room. There's so much in there you could use to gain an advantage. Also it's a choke point. Fight in there!
>This. When surrounded, find a choke point and limit enemy maneuverability.
>we can grab some more of that paralyzing flower and throw it at Ava and the bees!

Raven: "Rip! Open that door!"

Since Lucy has to help Azalea around the door while fending off Calla, I decide to try and keep others occupy. I jump over the apple debris to try and flank Ava. Ava moves back in sync with me to prevent me from going around her. She then do a small jab in my direction to test my defense. So far it's an easy parry. Which is good since it is actually a bit hard to hold this sword with this metal claw.
>>
No. 771750 ID: ca0e20
File 148415020581.gif - (37.29KB , 800x600 , 175.gif )
771750

Suddenly I am tackled! Marigold was moving in to attack me while I was focused on Ava! She uses her four hands to mostly hold me down on the floor and keep my wrists down. In my fall, Azalea's sword slipped from my grasp. Marigold whispers to me a such a low voice that I almost don't understand her at first.

Marigold: "I'm sorry, please don't fight!"
>>
No. 771751 ID: ca0e20
File 148415021378.gif - (33.75KB , 800x600 , 176.gif )
771751

I look over the others. Rip is helping Azalea into the flower room while Lucy keeps Calla at bay. I look to Ava giving me a dirty look similar to what one would a dangerous animal that has been restrained. She then starts to calmly strolls toward the door, which is still partially open as Lucy hesitate to shut it while looking at me with a desperate expression of uncertainty.
>>
No. 771757 ID: 350a50

"Do whatever you have to, make sure the portal isn't opened!"
>>
No. 771812 ID: 79a07e

Nod to Lucy. She does whatever she deems is best.

Look to Marigold. Whisper to her. "Someone has to."
>>
No. 771964 ID: ca0e20
File 148425436982.gif - (30.97KB , 800x600 , 177.gif )
771964

>Dialogues

Raven: "Do whatever you have to, make sure the portal isn't opened!"

Calla makes an attempt to blindly shove her sword in the crack of the door while still trying to pull it open. Lucy blocks it easily with her axe, being able to see the attack coming and immediately slams the door shut, while Ava dashes to the door. Calla's sword is now stuck in the door. She pulls on the sword and the door ring as much as she can, but Lucy is too strong for her. Marigold makes me stand up, but it fells more like she's helping me up while holding my wrists. She then removes Rufa's Claws from my hands.

Ava thinks for a moment then sheathes her sword. Then she waits a moment again. She looks over to Marigold and I.

Ava: "Marigold, bring Raven here. Calla will hold her."

Marigold complies. Once I'm in Calla's hands, Ava addresses Marigold again. Marigold does a pose similar to a salute. But I notice that the pose keeps two of her hands behind her... The hands that are holding the claws.

Ava: "Good. Now find Ophi and tell her to summon Basant. Stay with Ophi until she's is done, then lead Basant here. I'm sure he'll have to turn the door to the portal room into a bigger hole. But it's fine, since I want him here to do the same to this door."

Calla: "... Why did you make Marigold hand Raven to me? I could have done this."

Ava turns to Calla and I and scans us from head to toe, then settles on Calla.

Ava: "Let's say you're my right hand woman while Rufa isn't here... Marigold... I'll hold on to Rufa's Claws for you."

Marigold jumps like a kid with a hand in the cookie jar and I feel the grip on my wrists tighten. Marigold then hands over the claws slowly while lowering her head and antennas. Ava takes the claws from her while keeping a strict stare on Marigold.

Ava: "Go, Marigold."

Marigold: "O-ok."

Marigold jumps over to where she dropped her swords, picks them up, then dashes away like she usually do. Ava then turns to me.

Ava: "... Looks like we're waiting. Why don't you tell me where Rufa is to kill time?"
>>
No. 771987 ID: 398fe1

>>771964
I'm starting to think the mercs are on your side.

Let's buy them time. Say you don't really feel like telling her anything. She'll have to convince you to help. Maybe she can share why opening the portal is so important to her?
>>
No. 772007 ID: 91ee5f

>>771964
>"... Looks like we're waiting. Why don't you tell me where Rufa is to kill time?"
"Why? So you can let her finish what she started with Azalea? Or are you gonna set her loose on me? Then what? You gonna let her keep killing the bees?"
>>
No. 772008 ID: 350a50

"An answer for an answer. What are you fighting for that's worth so much?"

If you feel that she's answered you truthfully, tell her where Rufa is. It's one more thing she has to compartmentalize in her head, and one more task to divide their attention.
>>
No. 772032 ID: 79a07e

>>771987
by way of

>>772008

Let's try to drag this out a bit.
>>
No. 772108 ID: ca0e20
File 148433360043.gif - (21.28KB , 800x600 , 178.gif )
772108

>I'm starting to think the mercs are on your side.

Maybe. I should figure out to what degree though. Otherwise, I'll get surprised by this Basant fellow...

>She'll have to convince you to help. Maybe she can share why opening the portal is so important to her?
>Dialogue
>Let's try to drag this out a bit.

Raven: "An answer for an answer. What are you fighting for that's worth so much?"

Ava: "... Fine. But you said the answer earlier. I do what must be done for this world to have true freedom. The way it it should be. Now, Rufa?"

>Let's try to drag this out a bit.

Raven: "That doesn't answer my question. I told you that freedom was not having power over other people. Yet you still try to control the Bees for your own gain."

Ava: "And I agree. The bees are a real tragedy. I wish they could see that their "duties" were given and forced onto them at a young age and all their lives. So deep into their mind that even I couldn't convinced them to leave their group for a better purpose. The reason they gave me was obligation. And I recognized that I could use their skills. So as much as I hated the idea of hiring them, I did. I know the state of the current world, and I knew I was gonna have to make sacrifices. Even if that meant stooping to the level of power hungry leaders. But the end justified the means. And my hope is that by travelling with me, they could see how the world should work. And that I could break their shackles once everything is set right."

>If you feel that she's answered you truthfully, tell her where Rufa is.

I guess that was truthful.

Raven: "Rufa is in there."

I tilt my head in the direction of the door we're standing next to. Ava's eyes widen as she looks to the door and then back to me, staring as she analyses my face.

Ava: "... And what exactly are you planning to do with her? You've kept her alive for a reason I suppose?"
>>
No. 772112 ID: f0afdb

"I'm not a murderer. That's why."
>>
No. 772113 ID: 9f3729
772113

>>772112
Yeah.
"Killing people is wrong, no one person is qualified to play judge and executioner like that.
>>
No. 772135 ID: 398fe1

>>772108
You know, honestly, you weren't sure what to do with her. Keeping her paralyzed is a start, though, since she's a danger to everyone around her. Ultimately in order to keep her from continuing to treat others as prey, she'll have to be locked up somewhere. I'm sure Ava thinks that's a terrible fate since she won't be free, but isn't death the ultimate denial of freedom? In the long run, keeping a serial murderer in prison brings the most freedom to the world.

Alternatively, if Rufa is not too far gone, she could be rehabilitated, but... I don't know, that seems unlikely to work. Someone who kills just for fun... can you change that mindset?
>>
No. 772140 ID: 79a07e

>>772108
We weren't planning on doing anything to her.

And on a level I can understand that. But I really don't think demonic incursion is the way to do it. That wouldn't bring about freedom, unless the freedom you speak of is just fighting for their lives.
>>
No. 772175 ID: dce082

>>772140
Not only that, the demons wouldn't be free either!
>>
No. 772179 ID: dce082

>>772140
Not only that, the demons wouldn't be free either!
>>
No. 772183 ID: 91ee5f

>>772108
"If you think I'm going to torture Rufa to death the same way she was trying to torture Azalea to death, then you're wrong. We were going to keep her paralyzed with the powder from the yellow flower, so that she wouldn't try to kill Azalea again."

Make sure you say "keep her paralyzed with the powder from the yellow flower, so that she wouldn't try to kill Azalea again." loud enough for the others on the other side of the door to hear that. Maybe they'll get the hint and use it on Rufa to keep her down and/or try to throw some and Ava real quick.
>>
No. 772195 ID: 7d8168

"Because I don't want anyone to die here."
>>
No. 772209 ID: 350a50

"Many great tyrants thought they were liberators once. The unlucky ones realized it too late."
>>
No. 772326 ID: 15a025

Killing just isn't really your style.
>>
No. 772611 ID: 398fe1

Maybe we shouldn't mention the paralysis powder specifically, so that Ava doesn't know about it.
>>
No. 772661 ID: ca0e20
File 148459220177.gif - (19.16KB , 800x600 , 179.gif )
772661

>Dialogues
>Maybe we shouldn't mention the paralysis powder specifically, so that Ava doesn't know about it.

Raven: "I'm not a murderer and I don't want anyone to die here. And killing is wrong anyway! You can't play judge and executioner like that! Besides, killing isn't my style."

Ava: "Showing your whole hand? At any rate, I could say that by deciding that no one deserves to die, you are also playing judge. The truth is that is doesn't matter either way. There's nothing right or wrong about killing. Death is a natural part of this world and killing is a tool."

Ava: "So I know what you won't do, will you tell me what you will do?"

Raven: "We were going to keep her paralyzed, so that she wouldn't try to kill Azalea again."

I say that last part louder, hopefully the others heard. Ava furrows her brow at me, then gives me a look of disapproval after glancing at the door.

Raven: "But ultimately, I think Rufa should be locked up. Isn't death the ultimate denial of freedom? In the long run, keeping a serial murderer in prison brings the most freedom to the world."

Ava: "Of course not. A corpse is not a person. A person dying is irrelevant to freedom. Apart from the fact that this person didn't want to live enough to fight for their survival."

Ava: "And you don't need to keep her paralyzed. I just need a moment to talk to her. To remind her how counter-productive it is to go after an ally. She should understand. She usually does."

>And on a level I can understand that. But I really don't think demonic incursion is the way to do it. That wouldn't bring about freedom, unless the freedom you speak of is just fighting for their lives.
>Not only that, the demons wouldn't be free either!

Raven: "Look, Ava. On a level, I can understand your side. But using demons for an incursion is not the way to achieve what you're trying to achieve. You can't bring freedom to the world that way! Or is the freedom that you speak of is just fighting for your own life?! Also, the demons wouldn't be free!"

Ava: "Demons can be used if you direct their attack to the right places. I was already planning something similar, but with humanoid fighters. Although I imagine they wouldn't be as effective as those demons. I've also potentially lost the option to use the former. Might as well use the latter after the opportunity presented itself to me."

Ava: "Say, you act like you're an advocate of freedom... What is your opinion of the royal families that controls the lives of it's people?"
>>
No. 772663 ID: 7187c8

What in the blood soaked depths of Hell does that have to do with anything?!
But to answer your question, they're politicians. They suck by default.
>>
No. 772669 ID: 91ee5f

>>772661
>"And you don't need to keep her paralyzed. I just need a moment to talk to her. To remind her how counter-productive it is to go after an ally. She should understand. She usually does."
"You're contradicting yourself. You've been encouraging Rufa to act on her violent side and going on about how "choices" are one of the only true laws of freedom in life. So, if you tell Rufa not to attack an ally but it's her choice to attack an ally, aren't you just taking away her freedom of choice? Or are you just lying to her and telling her what she wants to hear so that she does whatever you tell her to do?"

>"Say, you act like you're an advocate of freedom... What is your opinion of the royal families that controls the lives of it's people?"
Make a face like you're going to say something, then get a very confused look on your face and say, "The who that controls the what?"
>>
No. 772684 ID: dce082

>"Say, you act like you're an advocate of freedom... What is your opinion of the royal families that controls the lives of it's people?"

Well we are out here in an inhospitable desert that is so bad no kingdom even wants it, what do you think our opinion of them is if we are willing to live here.
>>
No. 772691 ID: 350a50

>What is your opinion of the royal families that controls the lives of it's people?
Basically useless.

I don't think anarchy is much of a solution, though.

>>772669
The first part of this, too. Manipulating her friend seems kind of hypocritical to her cause.
>>
No. 772695 ID: 398fe1

>>772661
That control can be good or bad, depending on how much control is involved and what parts of their lives are controlled. Laws serve a purpose, as does tradition, usually.
>>
No. 772854 ID: 79a07e

>What is your opinion of the royal families that controls the lives of it's people?

Not a fan at all. But there's got to be a better solution than demonic hordes. I mean, there's degrees of severity in play here.
>>
No. 772869 ID: a6dc58

I imagine our opinion on royalty that oppresses the people is actually pretty similar.

The difference between us is that I support the ideal of freedom, while you pursue practical freedom. Obviously, there will be a lot of areas that we agree, but things are going to break down because I will think your actions are hypocritical and impure, while you think that I am naive and unrealistic. That doesn't change the fact that your plan is self-contradicting, involves the betrayal of an ideal you think you are supporting, and honestly filled with potential flaws without good solutions...but it also doesn't change the fact that you would be right accusing me of having no alternative. Because I don't. But I'd rather work together, because between us lies the best route forward and I think we can only find it by talking on equal terms. But we can't do that with you hunting for my friends and keeping me restrained.
>>
No. 772872 ID: 79a07e

>>772869
Is there any way we can maybe pair this down? It gets everything across, but feels a bit...wordy, to me.
>>
No. 772898 ID: 350a50

"The fate of mortals must be decided by mortals. If we must rely on demons to free us, we do not deserve it."
>>
No. 773076 ID: ca0e20
File 148476255657.gif - (25.01KB , 800x600 , 180.gif )
773076

>Dialogue
>Manipulating her friend seems kind of hypocritical to her cause.

Raven: "You're contradicting yourself. You've been encouraging Rufa to act on her violent side and going on about how "choices" are one of the only true laws of freedom in life. So, if you tell Rufa not to attack an ally but it's her choice to attack an ally, aren't you just taking away her freedom of choice? Or are you just lying to her and telling her what she wants to hear so that she does whatever you tell her to do?"

Ava: "Your assumption shows how traditional your mind is. I never said I would tell Rufa not to attack anyone. I'm fine that she attacked Azalea if that's what she wanted to do". The grip around my wrists tighten. "I simply will tell her why it's not in our best interest. I'm... fine if she wants to continue attacking our ally after I talk to her. But I won't order her to stop."

>But to answer your question, they're politicians. They suck by default.
>Basically useless. I don't think anarchy is much of a solution, though.
>Not a fan at all. But there's got to be a better solution than demonic hordes. I mean, there's degrees of severity in play here.

Raven: "To answer your question: They're useless politicians. They suck by default."

Ava: "Exactly! They are unnatural! They go against how the world should work just so they can have more comfortable live than everyone else. And if you dare go against them, you are cast out of their territories. And whatever resource or money they come across, they keep. Whether they found it on their land or not. There's nothing special about their blood and the power they gave themselves is undeserved. And the population is too weak to do anything about it. Those royal families and their governments stands against everything that should be."

Raven: "Anarchy isn't a solution! There's got to be a better solution than demonic hordes! That would get way out of hands!"

Ava: "This is what your problem is, Raven. You don't have enough spine to get what you want. To make things that you want to happen happen. I was already leading a campaign against the nearby kingdoms but that was taken from me. My enemies were more sly, and played dirtier than I had anticipated. A miscalculation that I won't repeat. This portal will give me control of whatever creatures it controls, and I will guide them where they need to be."

Ava: "We could be ally. But, like I'm sure you know, I won't force you to join me."
>>
No. 773077 ID: ca0e20
File 148476256175.gif - (26.03KB , 800x600 , 181.gif )
773077

>Dialogue

She turns to the door, punctuating the conversation. I think a moment.

Raven: "... The difference between us is that I support the ideal of freedom, while you pursue practical freedom. Obviously, there will be a lot of areas that we agree, but things are going to break down because I will think your actions are hypocritical and impure, while you think that I am naive and unrealistic. That doesn't change the fact that your plan is self-contradicting, involves the betrayal of an ideal you think you are supporting, and honestly filled with potential flaws without good solutions...but it also doesn't change the fact that you would be right accusing me of having no alternative. Because I don't. But I'd rather work together, because between us lies the best route forward and I think we can only find it by talking on equal terms. But we can't do that with you hunting for my friends and keeping me restrained."

She stops at the door and puts a hand on it, but does not answer right away.

Ava: "... Once I get my hands on Rufa and that lizard, you can come and talk to me in the portal room. But you should start thinking about an alternative to my current plan. In the mean time, if you don't want to be restraint, not getting in my way would be a good start."

Ava: "Calla, hold her beak shut if she tries to speak again."

Ava shifts her focus to the door.

Ava: "<