[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 738639)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 146949636870.png - (278.31KB , 800x600 , TITCARD41.png )
738639 No. 738639 ID: 15a025

Previous threads:

Volume 1: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/679483.html
Intermission: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/689526.html
Volume 2: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/692289.html
Volume 3: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/718221.html

Discussion Thread: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/96175.html
Expand all images
>>
No. 738640 ID: 15a025
File 146949641306.png - (13.74KB , 800x600 , last time.png )
738640

Recap of last thread: Last time on Blind Quest! Rainy and Oscar set sail with three other mages to go fuck up some terrorist scum! On their way, the ship was attacked by a bunch of chimeras. Now our crew prepares to make the long trek to the terrorist's hide out!
>>
No. 738641 ID: 15a025
File 146949647160.png - (15.09KB , 800x600 , 1.png )
738641

"Alright! Last check on supplies before we head out. Buddy you're first!"
"three days worth the food for everyone, five emergency first aid kits, and a stock shot gun with twenty bullets."
"I've got a pocket knife, a compass, and a first aid kit."
"There's four grenades, a flare gun, a box of matches, and a box of band-aids in my pack."
"I've got a first aid kit, a pocket knife, one shotgun with a box thirty bullets, a small pistol with ten bullets, my emergency contact phone, the serious business arm, and my necklace."
"And I've got a set of pocket radios for everyone, two pistols with a case of fifty bullets, an army knife, a flash light, and a first aid kit. Seems like we're all good to go!"
We all head out and get off the boat. Once outside I notice something strange, it's not snowing and it's actually not that cold out here either.

"Hope everyone's all rested up for today, We've got a nice long walk in the woods up ahead"
"Anything we should be watching for in the woods?"
"Don and I kind of just flew over so we don't really know what could be hiding in there other than what looked like a small village."
"Do you know the way to the hideout Ronda?"
"Yup!"
"Then lead the way. Time's a wasting! Real quick though!"
With that said, we head out into the spooky woods. As we get further in there's a foul scent lingering about. It's kind of hard to describe, it's like a rotting food kind of smell. The blindar is acting weird too. Everything comes up looking purple.
"Oscar I'm getting a really bad vibe out here. It feels like this place is just swarming with chimeras and other sickly monsters."
"Doesn't help all these trees look like they're rotting away out here."
"It'll be fine. It shouldn't be that much-."
"Sssshhh! I hear some rustling coming from somewhere!"
"Don, go check it out!"
"Are you nuts! You go an-!"

The ground starts shaking violently and I hear something slam into the ground!
"Doesn't anyone read the signs anymore! Are you all aware you're trespassing on our sacred land!"
"We are sorry for intruding here, but-"
"But nothing! No outsiders allowed. You strangers have done enough damage around here as it is! Now leave and take your hell beasts with you, or do you all need a little more convincing to high tail it out of here!"
"There wouldn't happen to be another way we could go to get to their hideout would there, Ronda?"
"Nope."
"So now what? Are we just going to leave or...?"
"I say we roast them up!"
"That sounds like a bad idea Don. Rainy, what do you think?"

I feel like something strange is going on here, that's for sure. I feel like we should get out of here before things get violent but, this is the only way to their hideout! What do you think we should do, spooky guide spirits?
>>
No. 738642 ID: b2d501

Make a distraction! If they know you're coming, you need to increase the search radius so they don't snipe you out!

Also, take cover.
>>
No. 738645 ID: 7b65b9

You should try explaining to the guy that you aren't the bad guys, and can get rid of the chimeras. They might believe you. If that doesn't work, then try running away.
>>
No. 738657 ID: 91ee5f

Just in case you guys need to dodge, there's 2 guys up in the trees that Buddy is standing in between, 1 on the left and 1 on the right.
>>
No. 738824 ID: 24100f

>>738641
Is that the person you're talking to? It looks like they have a shield up.

And that they're being attacked by tiny chimeras in the trees.

Quickest way to get some trust might be to remove those.
>>
No. 739060 ID: 15a025
File 146968362578.png - (15.43KB , 800x600 , 2.png )
739060

>Is that the person you're talking to? It looks like they have a shield up.
The person with the thing that looks like a shield is the person we're talking to.

>Make a distraction! If they know you're coming, you need to increase the search radius so they don't snipe you out!
>Just in case you guys need to dodge, there's 2 guys up in the trees
"First we need to watch out, there's two people or chimeras hiding in the trees and they may have weapons."
"And how do you know that blindy!"
"Don! Shut your beak and open up your eyes!"
"Both of you need to hush!"
>You should try explaining to the guy that you aren't the bad guys, and can get rid of the chimeras. They might believe you.
"Why don't we just try convincing them we're trying to help out here?"
"Worth a shot. Who feels like talking our way out of this?"
"It's her idea, therefore she gets to execute it. Good luck!"

Don shoves me forward and I fall face first onto the cold and muddy ground. I drag myself up and approach our attacker slowly
"Do you monsters have no shame? All the members in your group you have, and you send in the blind to fight for you?"
"Wait no, no! We're not here to fight you or cause trouble! We've sailed all the way out here from Talvi to stop a terrorist group. We hate to intrude, but the only we know how to get to their hideout is by walking through this forest."
"I'm finding it hard to believe that out of all the countries and kingdoms out there, Talvi would send their people out to help us. First, how did you even know these terrorists just so happened to be hiding out in the place your people have been trying to take from us for decades?"
"We've managed to capture a few of their members and got them to crack where the base was. After that we...had the air force fly over the area to see if it was true..."
I hear a heavy sigh come from the attacker.

"Your story checks out okay for now. I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that part about the air force though."
"So we're free to pass through the forest then?"
"You may, but on my terms. First, we're coming with and following from behind. Second, you're going to make yourselves useful and help kill any of those monsters should we find any. Last, you're going to tell King Cotton Tail over there he's to return our artifacts that he stole from us! Sound fair?"
"I think you can take those terms and-"
"Ah Don, it's not your decision to make here. You made Rainy the negotiator. So therefore, she gets to decide!"
[color=red]"Fish breath! Have you gone insane! She's the last person here who should be making this kind of decision!"

"I've got to agree with Don, Oscar. I'm really not that knowledgeable about politics here. A lot of this is stuff I've never really knew happened."
"Because none of it ever did happen!"
"Don shut up before you get us all killed over politics!"

Oh...this is getting really messy spooky guide spirits. I really don't know much about what's really going on here. I've never heard of the King going out and stealing stuff from other countries. I never even knew our kingdom was looking to expand our territory! What do you think spirits?
>>
No. 739182 ID: 24100f

>Pushes you into the mud
Thanks Don.

>Ive never heard of the King going out and stealing stuff from other countries. I never even knew our kingdom was looking to expand our territory! What do you think spirits?
You want to diplomatically agree, within reason. Tell him:

You're not authorized to speak for your king, make demands of him, nor negotiate policy on your country's behalf. However, you are professionally employed as a courier, and if your host would like a message delivered in return for his cooperation, this is well withing your capabilities.

Come on Rainy, this is the first thing that's happened to you since you met us that you're actually qualified for!
>>
No. 739206 ID: 91ee5f

>This is getting really messy.
Well, of course it's getting messy. Don just shoved you into the mud! And if I wasn't stuck in this necklace, I'd kick his ass for doing that! Because that's no way to treat a lady! D-:<

>"Fish breath! Have you gone insane! She's the last person here who should be making this kind of decision!"
(Sarcastically) Gee, thanks for having confidence in Rainy.

But he's wrong. He's the one that is the last person here who should be making this kind of decision! He's got his head so far up his own ass, that he's even blinder than you, Rainy! If we let him negotiate, then we'd have 2 enemies: the terrorists and these guys! So he needs to calm the fuck down before we lose our chance at getting some extra help! Especially since these guys are locals, who know the terrain better than us!

Wait, that's it! They can help us get to the terrorists base AND kick all of their terrorizing asses!
>>
No. 739449 ID: 15a025
File 146985993820.png - (15.09KB , 800x600 , 3.png )
739449

>You want to diplomatically agree, within reason.
>You're not authorized to speak for your king, make demands of him, nor negotiate policy on your country's behalf. However, you are professionally employed as a courier, and if your host would like a message delivered in return for his cooperation, this is well within your capabilities.
"I'm not really authorized to be speaking for the king here. I'm not even really sure any of us really allowed to be speaking for him. However, my profession is being a courier. If you'd like, I'll gladly do what I can to deliver a message from you to him in return for your cooperation."
"I suppose that's better than nothing. Alright, we shall guide you to the other side of the forest where their mysterious tower is. Just be warned, a few people from my village have gone in to stop them and haven't been seen since."
"Okay, we don't need your little sob story pal. This is nothing us four mages can't handle."
"Says the loud mouth who broke his wing fighting a chimera..."
"Well, day light is a burning. How about we all lighten up a bit and get going?"
"Agreed, a change of mood would be nice, but the sooner you five get out of here the better."

And so we continue our trek through the foreign woods. It's mostly peaceful, but a few weaker chimeras try to get the drop on us and failed. After what feels like an hour's worth of walking, we come across a fork in the path. I hear our guide let out a sigh.
"Alright you've got a serious choice here. Both of these paths lead to a way out of the woods and to where you're all heading."
"Okay, well what's it matter which way we go then?"
"If we take the path on the left, it'll take a lot longer to reach the exit as we'll have some small rivers to cross on the way. The path on the right is a more direct route but it's swarming with those monsters and the 'researchers' as they call themselves. There's also a couple of poisonous plants popping up over there as well. "

"What's the difference in travel time?"
"The path on the left will end up taking us about four hours, three and a half if you're all fairly decent swimmers. The path on the right will take an hour if we're lucky and don't get into any fights."
"Oscar what time is it right now?"
"It's half past eight. We're already running behind on time. I was told it only took an hour to get in and out of this forest."
"And what exactly are these poisonous plants on the right path? What do they do to you?"
"You start getting a high fever after an hour or so, after a few more hours you'll start getting really itchy. By sundown you'll start vomiting blood, and soon after that you'll be dead from blood loss."
"That's horrifying!"
"I wouldn't worry too much about them though, they're not very common."
"I say we take the right path and show these incompetent lab rats what we're made of. If we run into those stupid plants, I'm sure Ronda can cure us with her enchantments."
"Ah! That's not your choice Don! Remember, you made Rainy our negotiator so it's her call."

I'm not really sure here... the right path is sounding like a lot more risk than reward. At the same time, I'm not really sure how I'm going to get across the left path if we're going to have to do some swimming. I still really don't know how to swim. What are your thoughts Spooky Guide Spirits?
>>
No. 739512 ID: 91ee5f

>>739449
Before you make a decision, I think you should find out who's hiding in those bushes. Right in front of you under those three trees in between the two paths.
>>
No. 739525 ID: 24100f

>Just be warned, a few people from my village have gone in to stop them and haven't been seen since."
>"Okay, we don't need your little sob story pal. This is nothing us four mages can't handle."
That's useful tactical information, actually, since his people might have been converted or corrupted. It's worth knowing what to expect.

>"I wouldn't worry too much about [the poisonous plants] though, they're not very common."
Unless the chimeras have been eating them or rolling in them or something.

>pick paths
>gauntlet of enemies and poison versus slightly longer sneaking route
...is this even a question? We need to conserve our strength, and not announce our approach by storming in. We aren't strong enough to outright curbstomp this place, and if they see us coming, they'll move / corrupt / kill the princess before we get there.
>>
No. 739670 ID: 15a025
File 146994155865.png - (5.77KB , 800x600 , 4.png )
739670

>Before you make a decision, I think you should find out who's hiding in those bushes. Right in front of you under those three trees in between the two paths.
"Who's that behind the bushes over there?"
"I'm willing to bet it's one of those rotten researchers! Probably spying-"
"Something in the bushes just moved! I can see something going rustling towards the right path!"

>...is this even a question? We need to conserve our strength, and not announce our approach by storming in. We aren't strong enough to outright curbstomp this place, and if they see us coming, they'll move / corrupt / kill the princess before we get there.
"Alright, I think we need to head down the left path. I know it's going to take us longer, but we need to conserve our energy. Not to mention if we go down to the right path and start causing trouble, it might alert them something is going on."
"Sounds like sound logic to me."
"You're all a bunch of pansies, but whatever. Let's just get going."

As we start walking down the left path I try to strike up a conversation to get to know our guide a little more.
"I feel like we've gotten off on the wrong foot here this morning. The name's Rainy."
"Keep it down. If you have talk whisper."
"Sorry..."
"It's fine. The name's Ashley by the way. "
"Mind telling me a bit about your-self, or your village?"
"We don't talk about that stuff to outsiders, especially those from places known to cause trouble. Our ways and culture is very important to us."
"That's understandable. Are there any places out here in the woods?"
"There's another smaller group that lives south of the entrance you five came in. We aren't on really good terms right."
"I guess I'll just be quiet then."
"Finally, one of you gets it."

After walking in silence for a bit we come across a river.
"Before we cross the river, let me throw up some water shields on all of us so our stuff will stay dry. These bags don't exactly care for water much."
"Alright, last one across the river is a big loser!"
I hear Don take off flying.
"Cheater!"
"Take it easy Don! Your wing is still healing up!"
I hear Oscar splash into the water and Ronda take off.

I get ready to hop in the river when something pops up on the blindar. Correction, a lot of somethings popped up on the radar!
"Oscar get out of the water! There's chimeras in there!"
"Those monsters can swim? Wait, how can you tell they're in the river? I thought you were blind?"
"And I thought you said this was the safe path!"
"Can we save the questions and arguing for later? if Rainy's right about the chimeras we've got something bigger to worry about!"

Quick! I need some kind of plan of action Spooky guide spirits!
>>
No. 739804 ID: 24100f

>Wait, how can you tell they're in the river? I thought you were blind?
Magic, and I am.

>Quick! I need some kind of plan of action Spooky guide spirits!
They're in the water with a water mage. Doesn't that make them sitting ducks? They're really vulnerable to hydrokinesis, or his messing with the water temperature around them. He could spot freeze or spot boil then.

...or if that's not feasible, Oscar needs to use his magic to get the hell out of the water fast (jump up and put a horizontal shield right under himself?) while you fire your taser at the water and electrocute everything.
>>
No. 739920 ID: 15a025
File 147002205690.png - (5.84KB , 800x600 , 5.png )
739920

>They're in the water with a water mage. Doesn't that make them sitting ducks? They're really vulnerable to hydrokinesis, or his messing with the water temperature around them. He could spot freeze or spot boil then.
"Oscar you need to do something! There's five chimeras heading your way!"
I see Oscar just jet across the river on the blindar. Guess that works as well?

>...or if that's not feasible, Oscar needs to use his magic to get the hell out of the water fast (jump up and put a horizontal shield right under himself?) while you fire your taser at the water and electrocute everything.
Now there's a fun idea.
"Stand back, Buddy."
"Rainy what are you doing?"
I get up to the river and fire the taser! A loud zapping noise thunders through the area.
"I wonder if they like playing fetch as well? Go get the ball! Come on, go get it!"
While I'm tasing the lake, I hear Buddy fire off a few spells. A couple small booms go off and the chimeras disappear from the blindar.

"Disgusting. What's all this purple stuff spreading into the river?"
"Chimera blood...I think?"
"No time for questions! Let's just go before more show up!"
"Let me help with that!"
I can hear a little bit of crackling and something new pops up on the blindar.
"An ice bridge? Why didn't you just do that in the first place?"
"Very hard to keep it up! Now go!"
We all dash across Oscar's little ice bridge. Buddy and I cross it safely, but the bridge breaks before Ashley and his two friends make it.
"Thanks..."

Once they swim back onto shore with us we start booking it!
"Well, now that we're seemingly out of harm's way, exactly how did you know there were chimeras in the river we're you're blind.
"This necklance I'm wearing is enchanted with a life detect and telepathic radar spell."
I'm not buying it. Everyone around here knows the King over in Talvi has a strict ban on enchantments."
"Magic and enchantments for medical purposes are the only exception."
"Well that's nice to hear at least."
>>
No. 739921 ID: 15a025
File 147002208638.png - (8.61KB , 800x600 , 6.png )
739921

After an hour and a half or so we stop to take a little break.
"This is a perfect spot for a little rest."
I quick little break doesn't sound too bad!"
"What? Are your legs made of jelly or something? We should me getting there as fast as we can!"
"Oh be quiet. A quick little pit stop isn't going to kill us Don."
"Whatever."

So spooky guide spirits, anything you feel I should do while we're relaxing? Should I pull out my phone and try calling someone? Maybe I could go and look for a little extra food nearby? Take a quick nap? I'm all ears here!
>>
No. 740121 ID: 7b65b9

Go ask Oscar if he has any enchantments he can let you borrow in case you are alone and have to swim, it seems like a pretty big problem you should try to fix as soon as you can. Maybe you could even ask him to give you some basic swimming lessons during the break, if you're not that tired.
>>
No. 740275 ID: 24100f

>call someone
Do we really expect to have service in the middle of the forest in a foreign country?

I guess you could try again to see if Candy is okay.

You could maybe try getting to know your guide a little better?
>>
No. 740279 ID: 91ee5f

Tell Don to quit being a dick and to get his head out of his ass. If we run nonstop all the way there we'll be o tired to fight effectively, which will make it easier for the enemy to capture, kill, or corrupt us.

Unless you're working for them and you're trying to make us easier to get attacked. Is that what's going on? Are you secretly working for the enemy?! That's why you're trying o make us tired, isn't it?! You fucking traitor!

.....nah, just kidding! But seriously, we're taking a break, end of discussion.
>>
No. 740381 ID: 15a025
File 147027706329.png - (9.97KB , 800x600 , 7.png )
740381

>Do we really expect to have service in the middle of the forest in a foreign country?
Good point... probably should just save the battery for now.

>Go ask Oscar if he has any enchantments he can let you borrow in case you are alone and have to swim, it seems like a pretty big problem you should try to fix as soon as you can.
"Hey Oscar?"
"What's on your mind Rainy?"
"Is it possible for you to lend me some kind of swimming enchantment?"
"Afraid I can't. Your necklace has a earth enchantment stone, and something like a swimming enchantment would require you to have a water enchantment stone. Doesn't help I don't have an enchantment like that either..."

>Maybe you could even ask him to give you some basic swimming lessons during the break, if you're not that tired.
"Think you could give me some swimming lessons then?"
"Sure, I think I see a little stream we can have you go practice in."
Oscar and I get up and I follow his lead. When get there the air smells nice and refreshing over here. I hear Oscar splash his way into the water.
"Come on in, water feels nice!"
I cautiously step into the water, one step at a time.
"There's nothing to be scared of. The water won't bite."
I continue on into the water. The water is cold, but it also feels a little relaxing and refreshing. I walk over next to Oscar where the water seems to be its deepest.
"Let's try and get you conferrable floating first. Try just laying on your back."
"Won't I just sink into the water though?"
"You'll be fine. I'll even hold your back."
I do as Oscar says and fall onto my back, and he holds me up.
"Feels a little nice doesn't it?"
"Kind of relaxing actually."
"I'm going to let go now. Don't worry about falling, you won't"
"Whoa...I'm actually floating in water!"

After learning how to float in water, Oscar teaches me how to do a few simple strokes. I can do the doggy paddle and the crawl stroke now! After that we have to head back to the rest stop and get back on the trail. Things are pretty silent, other than Don's occasional squawking about how we should have taken the quicker path.

"This is ridiculous. We could have already been there by now if we would have just took that other path. This monotonous walk is boring me to death.
"I hope it does! I am sick and tired of hearing you complain every five seconds here!"
"Why can't you two please just take a chill pill and relax!"

"Shh! Did anyone else hear that noise?"
"No, because someone can't shut their beak for five seconds!"
I listen closely, it's a little faint but I can something off to the left. Sounds a little muffled though.
"Something's making noises off to the left Ashley!"
"Could be trouble, or someone in trouble. It's a little bit off our trail here, there's another trail we can take that way as well. It's not too much of a detour."

What do you think spooky guide spirits? Should we go check things out, or keep going?
>>
No. 740495 ID: 7b65b9

it looks like there is blood in the bush over there, and an exclamation mark, which means someone's probably in there, hurt. you should check it out.
>>
No. 740499 ID: 91ee5f

Exclamation marks usually represent something dangerous like a knife or a gun or something, so be careful when approaching.

And damnit Rainy, quit ignoring me! You need to tell Don to quit his bitching or else he'll give away our position! Also explain that if we took the short route, after fighting through everything there, we would've been too tired and/or injured to go through the enemy's base and rescue the princess! We would've only made ourselves easier to get captured, killed, or corrupted!
>>
No. 740893 ID: 24100f

>>740381
Can we try to sneak up on whoever's over there? Come up from behind, just in case they're hostile?
>>
No. 741140 ID: 15a025
File 147069557937.png - (25.06KB , 800x600 , 8.png )
741140

>damnit Rainy, quit ignoring me! You need to tell Don to quit his bitching or else he'll give away our position!
Ah! I'm sorry to have forsaken you spooky guide spirit! I'd tell Don to stop his complaining but it seems like everyone else has been taking that job.

>looks like there is blood in the bush over there, and an exclamation mark, which means someone's probably in there, hurt. you should check it out.

>Exclamation marks usually represent something dangerous like a knife or a gun or something, so be careful when approaching.
"Careful while approaching, the blindar is showing me something dangerous is in the bushes!"
"Could you be a little more specific about that?"
"Sorry...all that's showing up is some blood and a red exclamation mark."
"That is some strange and vague sounding magic here..."
"I don't think we have time to sit here and talk about how strange someone's magic is! Somebody might be in trouble!"
"Alright let's go then!"
We carefully pass through the bushes, and Buddy finds that there was a knife hiding in there!
"Now who would leave a perfectly good knife just sitting in a bush like that?"
"Mind if I take a look at it real quick?"
"Sure thing!."
"Something's really fishy here. This is one of the special knives The villages give out on one's coming of age ceremony. On the hilt of the knife, the owner's name is carved into it and one of the sacred stones are embedded into the bottom of the hilt as well. The name's scratched off-"

A loud shriek echoes through the trees!
"That can't be good..."
"What are you standing around for let's go!"
We rush down the trail in a hurry to go aid whoever's in trouble. When arrive, it seems like we might be too late. There's a ton of blood on the blindar, assuming the red stuff is blood.
"Something's fishy here...there's blood everywhere but I don't see anyone here. Buddy do you smell anything odd out here and Rainy, anything up on the blindar?"
"Only thing I smell the stench of fresh blood, and the wonderful smell of the great outdoors."
"What about you Rainy, anyone hiding around to ambush us?"

I'm not really seeing much other than a bloody murder here spooky guide spirits, but where's the body? What are your thoughts on the situation spooky guide spirits?
>>
No. 741184 ID: 91ee5f

>>741140
Hey, isn't that chimera blood over on the right? Actually, it looks like the normal blood is leading over to the chimera blood. Maybe someone was injured and then they turned into a chimera and then kept moving to the right. That would explain why their blood changed color.
>>
No. 741370 ID: 7288c2

>>741184
Looks like someone ran into the woods as well.
>>
No. 741680 ID: 15a025
File 147097420465.png - (14.01KB , 800x600 , 9.png )
741680

>Hey, isn't that chimera blood over on the right? Actually, it looks like the normal blood is leading over to the chimera blood. Maybe someone was injured and then they turned into a chimera and then kept moving to the right. That would explain why their blood changed color

>Looks like someone ran into the woods as well.

"I don't see anyone on the blindar, but the blood is showing up. Some of it is chimera blood."
"Are you sure some of it is chimera blood Rainy? I can't see or smell a difference."
I point to spot where the chimera blood is.
"Let me take a closer whiff!"
A heart pops in the bushes, with a red exclamation mark!
"Everyone get down!"

I hear something slice through the air and hit a tree behind me.

"We'll make you pay for what you've done!"
Two more hearts pop up on the radar!
"There's three of them running towards us!"
"Oscar what should we do!"
"We can either run like rats or try and stand our ground!"
"We can't run! If we get up they're just going to chuck another knife at us!."

What do you think we should do spooky guide spirits!
>>
No. 741683 ID: 91ee5f

>>741680
Are these guys friends with Ashley? She might be able to get them to calm down.

If that doesn't work, then someone use some magic to trip them and trap them. They're running at you, so it might help to make some ice for them to slip on or get some rocks to come out of the ground and trip them.
>>
No. 741939 ID: 7b65b9

Ask buddy to quickly blind them with a flash of light, if he can do that, then run away. If not, then block it with Oscar's shield.
>>
No. 742251 ID: 3abd97

>>741680
Double layer of water shields. Toss one in front of us to block knives, but also raise a second one, right in front of our attackers, at shin height so they trip. Then rush in and restrain them before they recover. (Alternatively, the trip-barrier could be something quick done with earth magic).
>>
No. 742254 ID: 15a025
File 147121334928.png - (24.38KB , 800x600 , 10.png )
742254

>Are these guys friends with Ashley? They might be able to get them to calm down.
"Wait Ashley! Are these friends of yours?"
"They could possibly be from my village. Want me to ask?"
"Oh sure! While we're at it let's ask them if they'd like to go out for-"
"Do you all come from the east village!?"
"Wait second...Ashley is that you!? Hold on were coming to help!"
They're quick! Before we even have a chance think about what to do next they're here.
"Ashley who are these people! They don't look like those messed up researchers, and they don't look like anyone who belongs in our forest either. You of all people should know outsiders are forbidden from coming here."
"I don't really have time to be explaining their situation, I am showing them the way out though. Now what the hell happened here!"
"Those creepy scientists and their flea bitten monsters from hell are getting worse Ashley! A group of them came and attacked us while we were hunting here. Three of us got killed and they took dragged two of us away!"
"Did you at least try and stop them?"
"Of course I tried! They're getting to be too much to handle though."
"It just keeps getting worse. I'll keep my eyes peeled for them. When you get back to the village let them know I'll won't be back till sunrise tomorrow."
"Will do! We're going to keep searching around for a bit, you better get going too. The sooner they get out of here the better!"

We part ways after that and get back on trail. It's not that long before I spot another heart on the blindar though.
" There's someone hiding over there."
"And I smell blood!"
We cautiously approach them and Ashley checks inside.
"Well well well! Look at what we have here!"
"What! What is it! What did you find!"
"Are you one of the skinless lab rats that attacked my friends back there?"
"I...I.."
"Answer the question!"
"I....Help! They're still on our tails!"
"And you all thought I was the idiot!"

Some more people pop onto the blindar.

"Can't you do anything right! We ought to just run and let them kill you for how much trouble your skinny ass has gotten into."
"No please don't!
"You losers don't even look like you could do a coffee run, let alone get away from the fiery flamingo!"
I hear everyone just groan and yell at don to shut up.
"If you think I'm letting any of you get away alive you're sadly mistaken.
"Ah I wouldn't move if I were you. Try anything and we'll kill these two friends of yours."
"Forget us, make them pay!"
"Ah shut up you bird brained freaks!"
"Let them go! What do you want?"
"You're going to let our little friend walk off scratch free and then we'll let your friends go. Deal?"
"You-"
"Ah! That's not your decision to make! Rainy's the one who's suppose to call the shots"
I hear someone smack Don real good.
"Well then, which one of you is Rainy?"
"That would be m-"
"It's the deer girl!"
Thanks for throwing me under the boss Don!
"Alright then Rainy, surely we have a deal here. Let our pal free and we'll let these two go. Deal?"

Oh why are things just escalating so quickly! This whole deal and situation and everything just spells out bad! There's a ton of people and chimeras on the blindar, this is deal is probably a trap, someone's probably going to get hurt or killed in this mess, and Don's still a floundering jerk! I need help calming down here Spooky Guide Spirits! What should I do before I freak out!
>>
No. 742474 ID: 7b65b9

You should just do as they ask for now, and if they try anything funny, fight them to the best of your ability and get away with the hostages. You can always deal with them later when you don't have to worry about other people getting hurt.
On a side note, you should ask buddy if he knows any spells for a blinding flash of light, or get one if the doesn't, then set up a secret code word or phrase that tells everyone to avert their eyes while buddy casts it, that way if situations like this happen again, you can get a drop on the enemy.
>>
No. 742508 ID: 3abd97

>>742254
Confer with your group as to take the deal or not.

Accept terms, trade Rainy for the natives. As soon as she gets into the middle of their group and the hostages are clear, Oscar should pop an ice shield on her and Don should call down the biggest blaze of fire he can on her position.

(If shields can only be planer: Ronda should open a pit under Rainy to fall into, Oscar caps it with a shield, Don incinerates everything above).

Buddy starts blasting chimeras, since he's the only one who can finish them.
>>
No. 742547 ID: 91ee5f

Rainy, listen to me. When you get to safety, you take your robotic hand, grab Don by the balls, and light him up with the taser. Just because he's not in charge, doesn't mean he's allowed to do stupid things like that! And you have to go off on him! He'll keep it up until you finally snap at him! You need to put him in his place so that he doesn't do this again!
>>
No. 742710 ID: 15a025
File 147139421294.png - (12.25KB , 800x600 , 11.png )
742710

>Confer with your group as to take the deal or not.
"Can I have a minute to speak with my friends about this."
"Clock's a ticking. Try anything funny though and you're pals over here are dead."
I huddle up with everyone.

>Accept terms, trade Rainy for the natives. As soon as she gets into the middle of their group and the hostages are clear, Oscar should pop an ice shield on her and Don should call down the biggest blaze of fire he can on her position.
"So here's what I was thinking, I'm going to offer myself for the natives instead. If they take the offer I'll have them release the natives first. Then when I'm halfway across to walking over to them, Oscar can throw up a shield on me and Don can burn them to a crisp. While they're burning to a crisp, Buddy needs to try and blast all the chimeras as quick as possible."
"I'm not sure, there's a lot of ways this could go wrong, but we don't have much of a choice."
"Well if things go really wrong I can always beat my way out with my arm."

"Well! We're not waiting here all day! Yes or no!"
"Counter offer! Me for the two natives!"
"What! You think a weak little thing like yourself is worth two people and our assistant?
"I've got these top secret plans for a weapon prototype from Talvi, what's that worth?"
"What the hell! You shitty little traitor!
"Sounds like a deal! Now get over here!"
"Not so fast!, you're letting those two go first."
"I wasn't born yesterday! Hows this then. We'll back up a bit, and you're associates over there back up just as much. You stay there where you're at. Then We'll let these two run over to your friends. When they pass you, you get your ass over here with us."
"Okay"

I hear everyone backing up a bit. Shortly after I hear two people run past me. I start walking, and soon a cool sensation fills me, must be Oscar's shield. I quickly book behind a bush and hit the deck while the chaos unfolds.
>>
No. 742713 ID: 15a025
File 147139429253.png - (11.48KB , 800x600 , 12.png )
742713

After awhile I hear someone call out for me.
"You can come out now Rainy!"
I emerge from the bushes and take note that everyone is here.

>When you get to safety, you take your robotic hand, grab Don by the balls, and light him up with the taser. Just because he's not in charge, doesn't mean he's allowed to do stupid things like that! And you have to go off on him! He'll keep it up until you finally snap at him! You need to put him in his place so that he doesn't do this again!

"Don could you come over here real quick?"
"What!"
"I really don't appreciate the way you've been treating me. What you did wasn't very nice and I'd like some kind of apology."
"Yeah well I don't appreciate being sent to some shit hole full of terrorist bastards out in the middle of nowhere! You see me complaining about that?"
"Don that's all you've been doing is complaining! Own up and apologize!"
"Nobody asked you!"
"That still doesn't give you an excuse to treat me the way you've been treating me Don. I'd really like it if you'd apologize and stop being so mean to me."
"I understand everyone is a little tense right now, but maybe it'd be better if we got going before more people show up."
"No, fuck you! You know what, no. We're settling this shit right here, right now. I'm tired of everyone giving the cripple the royalty treatment just because she can't see or do shit! You want an apology? Then here's one for ya. Sorry you're such a useless piece of shit!"
I feel my eyes start to water up a bit as some tears roll down my cheeks.
"My point exactly. Keep crying like the useless garbage you are and shut up."
I raise the serious business arm up and fire the taser at Don.
"Ha! Who's useless now! How's it feel to get shot at with a taser by a blind person"
"Lucky Shot..."
>>
No. 742716 ID: 15a025
File 147139433604.png - (11.05KB , 800x600 , 13.png )
742716

Ronda comes over by me and starts patting me on the back.
"You did good Rainy. I'm sorry that had happen."
"Is... is what he said true?"
"No! Not at all Rainy. You're a pretty important member of the team here."
I give Ronda a hug.
"You're...squ..ishing...me!"
"Sorry"
"It's fine. Here, have a snack. You earned it."
I kindly accept the snack and take a small bite. Tastes like a granola bar.
"You wanna sit down and talk a little bit?"
"No I...I'm fine now. Let's just get going."

I finish off the granola bar and walk back to the rest of the group.

"Rainy, would you and you're group mind heading back to the village with me to brings these two home safely? I don't trust sending them home alone. Not with the risk of there being more of those things lurking around out here."
"How long would it take?"
"About an hour to get there from here."
"Is the way there on the same path we're taking to get out?"
"Sadly it's going to be a step backwards for us."
"Couldn't you're friends show us the way out while you take them back?"
"That's also an option if you'd like."

What do you think spooky guide spirits?
>>
No. 742738 ID: 3abd97

>>742710
Maxim 20: If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win.

>>742713
Geeze, what's Don's problem? How does he think you're useless after you took him down and saved his life from corruption?

>>742716
Make detour. The delay is worth keeping the locals and your guide happy with you.
>>
No. 743018 ID: 15a025
File 147149004776.png - (14.08KB , 800x600 , 14.png )
743018

>Make detour. The delay is worth keeping the locals and your guide happy with you.

"Well, I suppose we could all come with you back to the village if you'd like. There's safety in numbers!"
"Let's get going then."
Ashley and the other natives here lead us over to their little village. The walk there is pretty long and rather uneventful. When we do arrive we're greeted by a couple guards.

"Ashley welcome back! You're here earlier than we were told you would be."
"You can call of the searches for these two. With the help of this lot here we were able to take down a rather large group of those scientists and their demonic creatures."
"That's good and all Ashley, but you of all people here know outsiders are forbidden from entering these woods! Why have you brought them with you here!"
"I'm sorry, but getting these two home safely was a bigger priority to me then kicking strangers out. Plus without these five, I'm not sure we could have taken them on."
"Alright, come with me and we'll go bring them to the chief and report they've been found."
"I don't exactly have much time here. Can you just make the report yourself and tell the chief I'll explain in more detail what happened later?"
"Fine. But, you owe me for this. I don't even want to imagine what kind of grief the chief's going to give me."
"Thanks, I really appreciate it."
" Just get going and lead these foreigners out of here before they cause us any trouble."
>>
No. 743019 ID: 15a025
File 147149012827.png - (19.58KB , 800x600 , 15.png )
743019

Back on the trails! After awhile of walking again we finally make some progress and safely cross another river, thanks to Oscar just making another ice bridge for all of us.

"Before we gone on can we stop for a moment?"
"What's up Ashley?"
"I've been thinking about our fight back there with those scientists and their monsters."
"What about it?"
"I want to join up with you and help take these people down."
"I feel like some things need to be straightened out. Our top priority here is save someone important who got kidnapped by these terrorists by any means necessary."
"Still, even if I can get in and cause trouble for them I want in. I'm willing to do anything for a little payback for what they've done to our forest."

"It's your call Rainy, do you think Ashley can help us?"
>>
No. 743132 ID: 7b65b9

Ashley can probably help us, with knowledge of the forest and probably plants in general. I'd say let Ashley join the group.
>>
No. 743137 ID: 91ee5f

Let her join. She'll at least be able to pick up Don's slack.

That's right, I said it! I said what we're all thinking, Don's a fucking slacker! Also, you should get in his face and warn him that next time he pulls some shit like that again and it puts the mission at risk, he'll be considered a traitor and an enemy to the crown and we WILL NOT hesitate to either arrest him or put him down dead in the ground! Because we WILL NOT tolerate that kind of behavior, soldier! Do I make myself clear, Don?! Do you hear me maggot?! D-:<
>>
No. 743395 ID: 15a025
File 147167270491.png - (10.78KB , 800x600 , 16.png )
743395

>Ashley can probably help us, with knowledge of the forest and probably plants in general. I'd say let Ashley join the group.

>Let them join. They'll at least be able to pick up Don's slack.
>That's right, I said it! I said what we're all thinking, Don's a fucking slacker!

"If you want to come with and help us out that'd be super!"
"You're just going to let some stranger who we know almost nothing about, just-"
I give Don a little smack on the back.
"I'm glad to be deemed worthy of joining you on our mission."

After a few more hours of trudging through the woods we finally arrive at the terrorists hideout!

"It's about time we get to this place!"
"Quiet! Do you want the guards to find us out!"
"Now comes the hard part. How are we going to get in this place? I mean, we could just charge and storm the front door if we felt being morons like Don."
"Didn't you mention trying to sneak in through the back by trying to make a door out of the wall with your magic?"
"Now there's something to work with!"
"I've also heard of a secret entrance that's hidden behind the tower here."
"Tell me I'm not the only one here thinking that sounds shady as shit. How could you possibly know about some secret entrance without working for these people!"
"He has a good point there, how did you find out about a secret entrance?"
"When you're out constantly watching and fighting the enemy you learn a couple things."
"Uh huh. Well let's just see what the all might negotiator' has to say.
>>
No. 743464 ID: 3abd97

Don if you don't keep your voice down I'm going to hold your beak shut. With my metal hand.

>frontal attack or secret passage or make our own door with earth magic
Where is the secret door, do we know how it opens, or what's on the other side? (Although we could brute-force past opening it with earth magic or super-strength).

If we cut in through the back, do we have any idea what's back there?

(We have to base this on our flyer's prior surveillance, and surveillance Ashley's people have done).
>>
No. 743476 ID: 91ee5f

>>743464
Agreed. Especially the beak holding with metal hand.
>>
No. 743582 ID: 15a025
File 147175411824.png - (32.21KB , 800x600 , 17.png )
743582

>Don if you don't keep your voice down I'm going to hold your beak shut. With my metal hand.

"The all mighty negation says be nice and keep your voice down. If I have to I'll use this hand to keep it shut."
"Whatever."
>Where is the secret door, do we know how it opens, or what's on the other side? (Although we could brute-force past opening it with earth magic or super-strength).
"Where is the secret door Ashley?"
"It's under a large rock a little bit off from the back of the building. I've heard leads to the lower basement floors of the building."
"Okay...Ronda, what could we expect if we tried using your magic to make a door through the back?"
"Eh... not much. From what Don and I saw the first five floors just seemed well...

Something weird starts happening with the blindar and...whoa. Are...are we reading Ronda's mind or sharing thoughts magically or something? Can you even see this!
>>
No. 744012 ID: 7b65b9

Sounds like the basement is where they keep prisoners, so it may be the best way to go for finding the princess, but at the same time the top may contain the leader's headquarters, and for all we know he could be holding the princess prisoner there to keep a better eye on her. I'd say go to the prison to look for the princess, and even if she isn't there, free everyone in there because fuck these guys.
>>
No. 744242 ID: 3abd97

>Are...are we reading Ronda's mind or sharing thoughts magically or something? Can you even see this!
We can see it.

It might be the spell is capitalizing on her intent to share information, and is expediting it? Or maybe the spell is extrapolating from the information you're being given, so this is as accurate as if you were sketching while she dictated to you.

I want to guess this is one of those bonuses from giving the spell a nickname. "Blindar" can't be the official name, and increased spacial awareness / scouting would theme with the name you gave it.

>>744012
Prison might be the logical place to start, although a high value prisoner might be kept on a higher level, more secure than the others.
>>
No. 744247 ID: 91ee5f

Before we go I'd like to make one thing clear to Don: If we tell you to do something and you don't do it because you don't want to take orders from Rainy and that ends up making us fail our mission, then we will hold you accountable, we will tell the king that it's your fault we failed to save the princess, you will be branded as a traitor, and Rainy will use her robot arm to rip your manhood off and you'll be forced to change your name to Donna. Do we make ourselves clear?
>>
No. 744470 ID: 15a025
File 147218516265.png - (37.78KB , 800x600 , 18.png )
744470

>We can see it. It might be the spell is capitalizing on her intent to share information, and is expediting it? Or maybe the spell is extrapolating from the information you're being given, so this is as accurate as if you were sketching while she dictated to you.
>I want to guess this is one of those bonuses from giving the spell a nickname.

If it's working the way you described it that's pretty awesome!

>Prison might be the logical place to start, although a high value prisoner might be kept on a higher level, more secure than the others.
>I'd say go to the prison to look for the princess, and even if she isn't there, free everyone in there because fuck these guys.

"I think we should try the secret entrance. The Princess could very well be just stuck down there with all the other prisoners, if that's where they're even being kept."
"And if they're not?"
"Then we sneak out and look somewhere else or try and get that info from one of the guards?"
"Real solid plan there pal. Come on even fish breath could do better than that!"

>If we tell you to do something and you don't do it because you don't want to take orders from Rainy and that ends up making us fail our mission, then we will hold you accountable, we will tell the king that it's your fault we failed to save the princess, you will be branded as a traitor, and Rainy will use her robot arm to rip your manhood off and you'll be forced to change your name to Donna. Do we make ourselves clear?

"Then maybe you should have made Oscar the one in charge Don! I don't even know why you threw me under the bus like this and made me the one in charge of things! It's obvious and clear you don't like me and feel like I'm useless. The only reasons I can think of is you want me gone, or you want this whole mission to just fail!"
"She's got a pretty good point there Don. You know, let's not forget that a certain someone boarded the ship with a corrupted soul as well. All three of those things could point towards you being a traitor."
"I ought to fry you for dinner for even thinking of calling me a traitor! You're the one who-"
"Enough! I've had it with your voice, flamingo! I'm sorry but I have to do this before your big beak get us all killed, or worse!"
"Oh what's a flashy bird like yourself gonna-"
"What did you just do Don Ashley!"
"He's fine. All I've done is casted a silence enchantment on him."
"That's actually pretty nice! You've got to teach me that one sometime.

"How about we get moving before it wears off now?"
>>
No. 744471 ID: 15a025
File 147218541582.png - (6.75KB , 800x600 , 19.png )
744471

Ashley leads us over to a big rock and has me push it out of the way, only to find a door a heavy steel door under it? Doesn't seem like it's strong though. Just knocking on it a little bit with the serious business arm left a small indent in it.

"Who's knocking up there!"
"And what's the password?"

What do you think spooky guide spirits? Should we try and guess the password, or should I try just break in?
>>
No. 744478 ID: 7b65b9

Well, they probably won't let you guess more than once, so if you get it wrong, you should probably just bust the door down. Get close to the door and see if you can read the mind of the person on the other side.
>>
No. 744579 ID: 3abd97

>>744471
The password could be anything, and we have no idea what it could be. A wrong guess will probably just sound the alarm.

We could try the old "shit I forgot the new password on the rotation" gambit, but I'm not sure these guys have a rotating password. They've been pretty incompetent so far.

Can you mime for Ashley to cast silence on the guard while you just grab his right through the door? It won't stop your arm, I'm sure.
>>
No. 744642 ID: 15a025
File 147227323836.gif - (15.52KB , 800x600 , 20.gif )
744642

>The password could be anything, and we have no idea what it could be. A wrong guess will probably just sound the alarm.
>Well, they probably won't let you guess more than once, so if you get it wrong, you should probably just bust the door down.
Yeah thinking about it just making a random guess could end pretty poorly, as well as just busting the door down. Both of those could end up activating an alarm.

>Get close to the door and see if you can read the mind of the person on the other side.
Now that's an idea worth trying! I plant my head door and try to read their thoughts. Either they're brain dead, or this isn't how the trick works as nothing really pops into mind...or maybe it's both?

>We could try the old "shit I forgot the new password on the rotation" gambit, but I'm not sure these guys have a rotating password. They've been pretty incompetent so far.
"Hey what's going on up there that's taking you so long. What's the password?"
I clear my throat out a bit and try to sound a little more tough, but end up sounding more like I just got done smoking a pack of ciggerettes.
"Hey give me a second up here! Trying to remember what the rotting new password this rotation is. keeps changing so many times it's driving me nuts"
"I hear ya man, but rules are rules. Take your time though."
I can't believe that actually worked.

>Can you mime for Ashley to cast silence on the guard while you just grab his right through the door? It won't stop your arm, I'm sure
I look over to where Ashley is on the Blindar and start making a zipper motion over my mouth with one arm while pointing at the door with the arm.
"Understood!"
After a few seconds off comes the door as we hop in and handle the two guards with some swift justice.
>>
No. 744645 ID: 15a025
File 147227340318.png - (12.54KB , 800x600 , 21.png )
744645

"Did the not even think to use these guns when we barged i-oh they're out of ammo. Rats. "
"They've got some radios here though."
"Let's have a little fun and tune in on the news then."
"I don't think the first thing we should be doing after sneaking in is listen to what they're blabbing on about here. Even though I don't hear any alarms blaring, they might know that door was opened and be a little curious as to who came in."
"I agree that we should get a move on. We've only got so much time before we're found and attacked."

"Oh speaking of not getting found and staying sneaking, I don't think we're going to get very far with you wearing that jingly little collar Rainy. I'm gonna cast some purification magic on you and then take it off."
Oh wow, how'd I forget that was still on?
A nice, gentle, warm feeling fills my body. After Buddy uses his magic on me he takes my collar off and sticks it in my bag.

"There's two sets of stairs to the right and a floor sign as well. According to it, one leads to the first floor while the other leads to the first basement floor."
"I feel like we should split up and go both ways to cover more ground then."

"Not a bad idea. I've got a set of radios of my own we could use to keep in touch with as well. If we do split up, let's keep it just two groups though. We can't afford having to go on a wild goose chase for everyone. What do you think Rainy?"

I'm not sure how I feel up splitting everyone up into groups. There's only six of us here, and as far as I know, Don and Ronda are the only two here who know the layout here meaning it could be easy to get lost here. At the same time things could go bad if we're all just one big group roaming about here. That could draw a lot of attention. What do you think Spooky Guide spirits, should I have everyone split into groups? If we do split, who should go with who, and who takes what set of stairs?
>>
No. 744648 ID: 7b65b9

It sounds a bit risky to have people split up, since if you find any chimeras you won't be able to properly handle them without Buddy, so the group that goes without him has to be able to either escape or subdue them should you find any. I'd say buddy should go with Don and Ashley, that way Don can navigate while buddy can deal with chimeras. You should go with Oscar and Ronda. Ronda can lead the way, and Oscar can block with his shield while you can punch any chimeras to do enough damage and hopefully get away. Also ask Ronda if she can block a hallway with stone, because that could be really helpful in this kind of situation.
>>
No. 745302 ID: 95c606

>Split up?
How about no? There's chimeras everywhere and as far as I know, only Buddy can kill them. Take the stairs down to the basement and raise some holy hell on these nerds.
>>
No. 745581 ID: 3abd97

>>744645
You don't have sufficient resources to split up.

Only one member of the party can detect hidden things (you) only one person can silence things, only one person is equipped to cut through stone, only one person can counter chimeras.

The only real redundancy you have is that Oscar and Dan have different means of shielding (water shield versus fire reflection).

Let's head down.
>>
No. 745730 ID: 15a025
File 147284732588.png - (12.03KB , 800x600 , 22.png )
745730

>It sounds a bit risky to have people split up, since if you find any chimeras you won't be able to properly handle them without Buddy, so the group that goes without him has to be able to either escape or subdue them should you find any.
>How about no? There's chimeras everywhere and as far as I know, only Buddy can kill them.
>You don't have sufficient resources to split up.
"We need to stick together here. We're not even close to having enough resources to spilt up. Everyone here has a unique skill we're going to need to get around this place safely."
"True. So which way are we heading then?"

>Take the stairs down to the basement and raise some holy hell on these nerds.
"Let's head down stairs, I feel like there's a better chance of finding the princess where they keep all the other prisoners."
"Alight, let's get going!"
We cautiously descend down the stairway. Once we reach the bottom we come into what looks like a long hallway with a ton of rooms. It's extremely noisy down here. Cries and pleas for help echo off the cold and empty room.
"I don't see any guards or chimeras roaming around here, is there anyone showing up on your radar Rainy?"
"I'm not seeing anyone show up on the radar yet. All I can see is an outline of the hallway and some doors. Speaking of, any signs on them that say what room they might be?"
"No signs other than the floor sign, which just says 'Basement floor one.' There's also another set of stairs at the end of the hallway. Oh shh! someone's coming up the stairs right now!"
I slide over to hide behind the wall next to the entrance and listen quietly.

"Already all of you get up and get out. It's lunch time!"
"You mean we're finally getting fed?"
A loud smack echoes through the room.
"Fool! Why would we ever waste our precious resources on pathetic creatures such as your-selves. No, you're not getting fed, you're the main course!"
"You can't possibly mean...we're being fed to those...those monsters!"
A loud crack thunders through the room.
"You dare insult the almighty chimeras! I'd whip your ass more, but it'd be rude to keep the all sinister beasts waiting up stairs. Now march maggots!"

"Rainy we've got to do something, they're heading our way!"
>>
No. 746113 ID: 3abd97

>>745730
I see one hostile with a corrupted soul and a weapon of some kind, and three prisoners, one injured.

From the crack that's probably a whip, which isn't much threat to you guys at range.

This seems like a pretty routine case of "have one of the mages blast / zap / whatever" the baddie before he can even react.

Then we help the prisoners, get what info we can from them.
>>
No. 746221 ID: 15a025
File 147309488827.gif - (38.53KB , 800x600 , 23.gif )
746221

>From the crack that's probably a whip, which isn't much threat to you guys at range.
Sounds like a safe assumption.

>This seems like a pretty routine case of "have one of the mages blast / zap / whatever" the baddie before he can even react.
"Seems like it should be safe to just blast him with a spell."
"Two steps ahead of you."

I feel the room get a little chilly as the sound of crackling ice heads towards the guard...it's followed by a loud crack, which is then followed by the sound of a large crash.

"Im...impossible! He just whipped my freeze spell out of the way like it was nothing!"
>>
No. 746223 ID: 15a025
File 147309505123.gif - (13.96KB , 800x600 , 24.gif )
746223

"Who keeps letting all these bird bra-"
I hear the prisoners shriek in horror as a giant spike pops up on the blindar and impales the guard.
"Thanks for the distraction Oscar!

>Then we help the prisoners, get what info we can from them.
"We should probably go help those three out..."
"I'll watch and guard the stair case with you Buddy, you can help Ronda patch them up."

We rush over to the wounded prisoner. By the time I get my first aid kit out, Ronda's already started using her magic on them.
"The rumors were true after all. There really is a resistance group!"
"Rumors?"
"The past few days the guards have been whispering about resistance group or something of that sort that's been really nailing them on the outside."
"Ashley, could that be the people from you village?"
"Could be, but I wouldn't say we've been 'nailing' these people."
"Anything else you could tell us?"
"Only other thing we've been hearing is there's a prisoner here that's causing a lot of problems."
"What kind of problems?"
"I'm not really sure. It seems like something the guards are on the hush hush about it."
"Do you know where this prisoner might be?"
"Somewhere on one of these basement floors, if they're even alive still."
"We better keep heading down then. Are you three able to walk?"
"Yeah."
"Oscar is it safe to head down to the next floor?"
"Seems like it! Are we heading down?"
"Yeah, sounds like-"

Sounds like my phone is vibrating in my pocket? Should I answer it, or just ignore it?
>>
No. 746239 ID: 3abd97

>"Im...impossible! He just whipped my freeze spell out of the way like it was nothing!"
If that's some kind of enchanted weapon that deflects magic, that might be worth looting.

>impales guard
If he's not dead, he probably needs restraining and enough first aid to prevent bleeding out. Or a mercy killing, if we're going that route.

>Sounds like my phone is vibrating in my pocket? Should I answer it, or just ignore it?
You're underground, in a foreign country, in an evil fortress. Anyone who can reach is probably worth paying attention to.

Best odds are it being one of the higher ups from back home calling to make a nuisance of themselves, or the baddies calling to demand surrender.
>>
No. 746617 ID: 7b65b9

Answer it, but answer as if you're working a fast food joint. That way if they're a friend they'll know it's you, but if it's an enemy, they'll hang up because wrong number.
>>
No. 746860 ID: 15a025
File 147328178183.png - (9.60KB , 800x600 , 25.png )
746860

>You're underground, in a foreign country, in an evil fortress. Anyone who can reach is probably worth paying attention to. Best odds are it being one of the higher ups from back home calling to make a nuisance of themselves, or the baddies calling to demand surrender.

>Answer it, but answer as if you're working a fast food joint. That way if they're a friend they'll know it's you, but if it's an enemy, they'll hang up because wrong number.

I reach into my pocket and take the call.
"Hello, this is the Brass house Burger Boys, home of the famous cooper whopper schollper. How may I help you today?"
"Nice try Blind Bitch, I know this is you."

"How and why are you calling me Trish! Where did you even get my number!"

"Trade secret. Anyway, I'm calling you to pull out the ace in my sleeve. This is last time I'm playing nice with you so you better watch it. We've got a common goal here so use your head. You losers need all the damn help you can get and having someone with partial immunity to the dark enchantments here like myself can sure as hell be useful."

"And what are you going to do if I refuse?"
"Refuse and I'm taking your over sized cotton ball of a friend here back to lab to be a new test subject. If you accept though, we'll see about maybe...just maybe when this all done and over with, about getting that little man hunt for you called off. Like I said though, fuck me over and refuse and I'll make sure your friend here will be begging to be killed. So what's it going to be?"
>>
No. 746870 ID: 3abd97

>So what's it going to be?
Well, first, I'd like you to put her on the phone so I know you're not bluffing your ass off.

Then second, I'd really like to know how you're holding someone hostage who was last seen on another continent, when we last saw you going overboard only a day offshore of this one.

Or how you're supposed to help us at all if you're on another continent. Even assuming you have some kind of cursed realm fast travel, it took you more than a day to find her and make that call.
>>
No. 747077 ID: 15a025
File 147337034585.png - (5.30KB , 800x600 , 26.png )
747077

>Well, first, I'd like you to put her on the phone so I know you're not bluffing your ass off.
"Before I make a decision, I'd like to talk to Candy and make sure it's really her.
"Knock yourself out bitch. Heads up puffball!"
"Hello?"
"Candy?"
"Is that you Bailey?"
[small]"Yeah it's me, Rainy."

"Listen, I think I'm safe for now. Trish can't figure out how to open the cell door without triggering an alarm or something. She's been doing something out there for who in the hell knows how long, I can't really see what though. Slider on this door is almost paper thin."
"Then how did she fit a phone...never mind. Quick question, what flavor of cigarettes do you like to smoke?"
"Oh come on you of all people should know that! Please tell me you brought me some of my pepper mint smokes with you. I've gone too many days without them a smoke here and it's driving me insane."
"You know I don't smoke, Candy. Hang tight though, we're going try and get you free! Put Trish back on the phone so I can start working something out."
"Ah don't worry about me. I can handle myself."
I hear a crash or something come from their end, followed by some yelling or something?
"Alright so do we have a fucking deal now or not!"

>I'd really like to know how you're holding someone hostage who was last seen on another continent, when we last saw you going overboard only a day offshore of this one.
More questions first. How did you even manage to find Candy, when she was all the way back in Talvi, and you were just on our boat that was on its way to different continent?
"Been breaking in my powers that's how. Being resistant to the elements in the cursed realm makes it a lot easier to go places. As for finding Candy, that was a lucky break. She just happened to be in one of the prison cells at their hideout. Yes, my powers are good that I already beat you here Blind Bitch!"
"If you're powers are so good then why do you need our help, and why do you keep getting beat by someone who can't see? How would you even help us?"

"I...ugh Fuck off! Do we have deal here or do I just get to blow this fucking door up and use your friend as a lab rat?"
>>
No. 747099 ID: 3abd97

>>747077
*Sigh* You don't need to hurt Candy, Trish. If you want to work with us, you can start by helping her.

You've got your ceasefire. Although I seem to remember you being the one who kept insisting on pulling the trigger.

Find out where the hell they are in the tower, too.

>what else do
(After the phone is off). Tell the party that the crazy girl is in the tower, and demanding to team up or she was gonna start hurting prisoners. Trish probably still can't be trusted, but if she's here anyways, me might as well throw her at the enemy.

>what else else do
Grab the (possibly) magic deflecting whip? Assuming it doesn't ping as cursed when you examine it.
>>
No. 747108 ID: 91ee5f

>>747099
Trish and Candy aren't in the tower, their not even on the same continent as Rainy.
>>
No. 747510 ID: 15a025
File 147363125437.png - (7.79KB , 800x600 , 27.png )
747510

>*Sigh* You don't need to hurt Candy, Trish. If you want to work with us, you can start by helping her.
>Find out where the hell they are in the tower, too.
"Alright then, we've got a deal. We'll work together on taking these people down. You can start helping by getting Candy out of her cell. Also where in the tower are you?"
"Glad to hear you've made the right choice blind bitch. Right now I'm on the- shit someone's coming gotta go!"
She hangs up, and I stick my phone back into my pocket.

>Tell the party that the crazy girl is in the tower, and demanding to team up or she was gonna start hurting prisoners. Trish probably still can't be trusted, but if she's here anyways, me might as well throw her at the enemy.
"Well that's nice..."
"Is everything alright?"
"That crazy badger girl who attacked us on the ship is in the tower. She demanded to team up or else she was going to start harming prisoners and possibly activate a couple alarms in the process. So for now I told her she could work with us, I don't think she can really be trusted though."

>Grab the (possibly) magic deflecting whip? Assuming it doesn't ping as cursed when you examine it
"Hey Buddy can you look at that whip over there? If that can really reflect magic we should probably take it with."
"We're going to have to leave it here. I'm getting all kinds of bad feelings just being near it."
"Alright let's head down to the next floor then."
As we descend down the stairs one of the walkie talkies Oscar has goes off.
"Requesting immediate back up! Emergency co-"
"Sending down four tier three hell beasts. Lock down the area un-"
That doesn't sound good.

We make our way to the next floor and find a split in the path.
"Any signs or titles on the doors?"
"There's a sign that says the chimera cells test lab one, and exit to BF three is forward. To the right it says there's the guard station, test subject holding cells, and a training facility."

I pause for a moment and try to listen for any sounds just to be safe. I can hear faint roars from the chimeras coming straight down from the hall. I also hear a slightly annoying dripping sound coming from somewhere.
Which way do you think we should head spooky guide spirits?
>>
No. 747553 ID: 3abd97

>"Requesting immediate back up! Emergency co-"
Well I guess that's from where Trish is. The person responding to the alarm somehow new where to send the reinforcements without the alarm ringer stating their position on the open channel though, which doesn't really help us.

>where go
Test subjects are what we're interested in rescuing.

Unless we think it's worth the effort to try and subdue chimeras or guards in advance. Seeking out every defender in this place doesn't feel like a winning strategy, though.
>>
No. 747918 ID: bb48f3

Either way you go, there's going to be trouble. I'd say go to the test subjects and try to free them while avoiding the guards. If you're feeling like trying to take a risk, try and raid the guard station and do some damage to it.
>>
No. 748126 ID: 15a025
File 147399641748.gif - (60.67KB , 800x600 , 28.gif )
748126

>Test subjects are what we're interested in rescuing.
>Either way you go, there's going to be trouble. I'd say go to the test subjects and try to free them while avoiding the guards. If you're feeling like trying to take a risk, try and raid the guard station and do some damage to it.
"Let's head to the right. We might be able to free some more prisoners."
We carefully traverse down the right hallway and end up entering a large open hall. A few doors pop up on the blindar and-
"Watch out, two guards up ahead"
Buddy grabs me and pulls me back behind the wall. A couple gun shots are fired off in our direction.
"We know you're over there! Come out and surrender!"
"Putting up some shields, not sure they'll help much though."
"I'm going to try and take them out. Ronda can you cover me in case I miss?"

I hear another shot fire into the wall.
"This is last your warn-
"Let's play fetch!"
A small explosion thunders through the room with the raining sounds of a few bullets being fired off.
"Buddy are you okay!?"
"I'm fine! Hurry up and-"
"Calling in for the back up! The resistance has managed to reached the hive on BF two!

The radio echoes the message from the ones in Oscar's bag.
"Impossible! They were just last seen on the seventh floor!"
[i]"Get your shit together you two! They're down here on the third floor!"


Any ideas of how I can take advantage of their confused situation spooky guide spirits?
>>
No. 748426 ID: 7b65b9

Run down to the next hallway while they're arguing, and have Ronda block the hallway off with a rock wall.
>>
No. 751936 ID: 15a025
File 147597707839.png - (6.43KB , 800x600 , 29.png )
751936

>Run down to the next hallway while they're arguing, and have Ronda block the hallway off with a rock wall.
"I'm not sure if that's a hall down there or what, but we should take advantage of the confusion and zip over to that hallway over there! If or when we get there, could you seal it off with a rock wall Ronda?"
"Sure thing!"
"I'll try and knock out the guard!"
I jut out from the corner of the wall and head for the hallway. I hear a few gun shots get fired, and another small explosion sound. Once we all get across, I hear a loud slam come from the hallway entrance.

"Think we've got a lucky break here, this isn't a hallway. I think it's the guard station, and it doesn't seem like anyone's here, room is pretty dark too. Is there anyone showing up on your radar Rainy?"
"I can't really see much on the blindar here other than some box looking things and chairs."
"The box might be this huge control panel thing with some shiny buttons on it, none of them are labeled though. Oh, and there's a also a fresh box of doughnuts sitting on the control panels!"
"I found another door over here, but it's locked. I can't see a keyhole on it anywhere either."

Hmm... I guess it's time to start messing around with things and looking around then. Where do feel like starting with my spooky buddies?
>>
No. 751937 ID: ca0e20

Get to the control panel and check to see if the blindar can pick up on any of it's functions. sneakgrabadonut If it doesn't, ask someone if there are labels that would say what they do and see if there are any useful things to press, like unlocking doors and stuff.
>>
No. 752871 ID: 7b65b9

Take your favorite donut and try to stick the hole through the buttons until you find a perfect fit. that's the button you should press.
>>
No. 752880 ID: 91ee5f

Move the box of donuts out of the way and look for more buttons under it.
>>
No. 753242 ID: 15a025
File 147665686641.gif - (13.25KB , 800x600 , 30.gif )
753242

>Get to the control panel and check to see if the blindar can pick up on any of its functions. sneakgrabadonut If it doesn't, ask someone if there are labels that would say what they do and see if there are any useful things to press, like unlocking doors and stuff.
I walk up over by the control panel and start feeling things around and sneak a donut. I take a little bite out of the donut and ick! It's coconut flavored! Who makes coconut donuts anyway? I toss the donut aside and start going over the control panel some more.
"Are there any labels on the control panel?"
"No, I don't think I see any. Doesn't help it's almost pitch black in here.
"Here, let me shed a little light in here."
A light shows up over the control panel on the blindar.
"Thanks Buddy. Looks like there's a four sets of six buttons. Each of them are labeled one through six."
Hey! Some numbers popped up over the buttons on the blindar as well.
"Thanks!"
"No problem."

>Move the box of donuts out of the way and look for more buttons under it
I slide the box of donuts off to the side and something new pops up on the blindar.
"Found something under the box of donuts."
"Is it better tasting donuts?"
I pick the little square off the panel and hand it to Buddy.
"Aw, it's just a little sticky note."
"What's it say?"
"It says: 'To call for back up, enter the code: three-four-five, four-five, one-three-five, one-three-five-six.' "
"Probably be best if we didn't punch that one in."
>>
No. 753243 ID: 15a025
File 147665691608.png - (16.11KB , 800x600 , codes.png )
753243

"I found a little binder with some papers in it over here."
"Need some light to help you see?"
"I'm fine, I can see in the dark pretty well.
"Anything important written down?"
"I don't think so. Looks like a bunch of random numbers to me."
"They might be codes for the control panel, could you read them off?"
"Sure. If they are codes for the panel, it doesn't say what they do."
Ronda reads of the lengthy list of number codes to me while I make a mental note of them with the blindar.

I look back at the control panel and start thinking. I could try just entering in some codes at random and see what happens, but that could be dangerous. Maybe there's a way to figure out what these codes do without entering them in first though? I look at the control panel again and there's something very weird and familiar about the layout of the buttons, but I can't really put my tongue on it. Any ideas spooky friends?
>>
No. 753280 ID: 3abd97

>I look at the control panel again and there's something very weird and familiar about the layout of the buttons
Braille. It's braille. Depending on which buttons you press per block, you assemble different 4 letter words.

So translating:

345-45-135-1356 = Help
3456-5-136 = Gas
35-145-145-156 = Boom
145-1356-45-1456 = Open
2346-5-136-345 = Wash
1345-5-1235-45 = Rave

...not that tells us what these do, unfortunately. Gas might flood the base with gas (knockout or poison?), Boom is either a weapon system or self destruct, Open either ties to cells or to the front door, Wash... activates a cleaning cycle? Gets rid of stuff? Rave messes with the lights? Not sure.

Opening the base and/or the cells would certainly throw things into disarray, although then chimeras might get the hostages.
>>
No. 753400 ID: bb48f3

>>753280
Punch in the rave code and let's party.
>>
No. 755508 ID: 15a025
File 147750496986.png - (6.40KB , 800x600 , 32.png )
755508

>It's braille. Depending on which buttons you press per block, you assemble different 4 letter words.
>So translating:
>345-45-135-1356 = Help
>3456-5-136 = Gas
>35-145-145-156 = Boom
>145-1356-45-1456 = Open
>2346-5-136-345 = Wash
>1345-5-1235-45 = Rave

Just another reminder I really need to sit down and get better with my braille. Thanks for translating those for me.

>Opening the base and/or the cells would certainly throw things into disarray, although then chimeras might get the hostages.
First I punch the "open" code.
"Anything happen, like a door open up or?"
I'll go check that one door I found in the back."

>Punch in the rave code and let's party.
Sure, some music might help lighten up the mood. I punch in the rave code and some funky computer music starts playing.
"Ow! That shiny ball and those lights are hurting my eyes. Could you turn those off please?"
"Sorry Ashley! Uh...I'm not actually sure how you turn it off."
>>
No. 755511 ID: 15a025
File 147750511114.png - (21.41KB , 800x600 , 33.png )
755511

"That locked door opened up. It leads to a surveillance room."
"Anything interesting inside?"
"Right now the monitor is set to the camera outside the guard station."
"What's going on out there?"
"There's just two guards out there now. They're trying to break the wall Ronda put up over the entrance."
"Unless they're blasting it with some magic, it's going to take them awhile to bust it down."

"What's special about the wall you put up that'd make it so strong."
"The enchantment I used to pull up the ground and form the wall also reinforces and strengthens the structure with a bit of magic."
"Still, this doesn't put us in a good situation here. The guards know someone's in here, and I think that entrance is also the only way out of this room."
"Well, I could try and open up a hole in one of the walls in that surveillance room and we could sneak out that way. I could also just drop the wall and we ambush them. Problem with the first idea is we don't know what's going to be on the other side. I'm open for other ideas if anyone has some."

Well Spooky spirits, it's sounding like we're stuck in a tricky spot here. What do you think we should do?
>>
No. 755572 ID: 3abd97

>"Sorry Ashley! Uh...I'm not actually sure how you turn it off."
If the codes are for toggles, entering the Rave code again might switch the lights back to normal.

>What do you think we should do?
Before we worry about escaping or moving on, we should check some other things with the surveillance room. What else can we see?

>guards on other side of wall
Is there any reason Ronda can't earth spike them from this side of the wall? Or that the other mages can't hit them with some other element?

If they need line of sight or a firing path, Ronda could always open a murder-hole for them, like in medieval castles.
>>
No. 755575 ID: 91ee5f

>What do you think we should do?
We can't see in what's in the surveillance room if you're still standing in the control room. Could you go in there so that we can see what we have to work with?
>>
No. 756013 ID: 15a025
File 147777803224.png - (8.11KB , 800x600 , 34.png )
756013

>If the codes are for toggles, entering the Rave code again might switch the lights back to normal.
I punch in the rave code again and the music stops.
"Thanks."

>Is there any reason Ronda can't earth spike them from this side of the wall? Or that the other mages can't hit them with some other element? If they need line of sight or a firing path, Ronda could always open a murder-hole for them, like in medieval castles.
"Why can't you just spike them through the other side of the wall Ronda?"
"The magic wall would get in the way, plus I'd be shooting in the dark."
"What about just making a peep hole and shoot earth spikes out of the wall then?"
"Now there's an idea I can try. It's going to take me a few minutes to charge up the spell though."

>Before we worry about escaping or moving on, we should check some other things with the surveillance room. What else can we see?

>We can't see in what's in the surveillance room if you're still standing in the control room. Could you go in there so that we can see what we have to work with?
"Oscar, while Ronda charges up her spell, could you take me into the surveillance room to look around?"
"If you'd like, sure."

Oscar leads me into the surveillance and the blindar starts scanning up and image for me. I can hear the sound of the tv monitor buzzing, but I hear a faint humming sound coming from something else in here as well. Where do you spooky spirits feel like looking first?
>>
No. 756026 ID: 91ee5f

>>756013
Ask Oscar if he hears that humming noise also. Or is it actually Oscar that's humming?

Before you open the lockers and the wall safe, stand right next to them and listen carefully to see if the humming noise is coming from inside one of them. If the noise is coming from one of them, don't open it.

Tell Oscar to read that note that's under the table. It might be something important. Annnd considering how stupid these terrorists are, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the combination for the lockers and/or that wall safe next to the lockers.

Have Oscar also look at that paper on the left side of the table next to the monitor. Ask him if the monitor is displaying anything.

If the note under the table doesn't have the combination for the wall safe and/or the lockers, just rip the door off the wall safe with your robot arm and pull the hinges off of the locker doors, so that we can use the locker doors as a big shield if we put them all together. This'll only work if they're metal, though. Don't forget to look inside the safe and lockers for anything useful.

That's all I've got.
>>
No. 756027 ID: 3abd97

>Where do you spooky spirits feel like looking first?
The television probably hooks up to their internal security. Let's use that against them- see where the badies and the people we're here to save are. Can Oscar see anything on the screen?

There's something on the floor under the table- might be the remote?

While Oscar is trying to see what he can get from the screen you can't look at, search the lockers. One maybe two look like they have the locks off / opened, the locked one you can pop the lock pretty easy with the robot hand.
>>
No. 756031 ID: 91ee5f

>>756027
>might be the remote?
Remote? Oh, I thought that was a note with words on it.
>>
No. 756032 ID: 3abd97

>>756031
It's not like the blindar has great resolution.
>>
No. 757181 ID: 15a025
File 147844896798.png - (4.15KB , 800x600 , 35.png )
757181

>Ask Oscar if he hears that humming noise also. Or is it actually Oscar that's humming?
"Oscar do you hear that humming noise?"
"Yeah I think that's just the tv making that noise."
"No, not that. There's something else making a humming noise."
"Hmm... it might just be me imagining it, but I think I can hear it as well. Just faintly though.

>Tell Oscar to read that note that's under the table. It might be something important. Annnd considering how stupid these terrorists are, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the combination for the lockers and/or that wall safe next to the lockers.
"Hey Oscar could you look under the table? There's a n-"

>There's something on the floor under the table- might be the remote?
>Remote? Oh, I thought that was a note with words on it.
>It's not like the blindar has great resolution.

"What's under the table?"
"There's something popping up on the blindar under the table"
"Let me just crawl under and grab it real quick..."

"Got it! Looks like a remote for the monitor over there."

>Have Oscar also look at that paper on the left side of the table next to the monitor.
"What's that sheet next to the monitor over there?"
"Just an angry note about a few things."
"What's it talk about?"
"It says 'Quit being lazy and rewind tapes after using them, quit stealing the remote batteries, and stop taping your pornos over the old surveillance tapes!' Sounds like they've got the best people watching over this place."

>Ask him if the monitor is displaying anything.
>The television probably hooks up to their internal security. Let's use that against them- see where the badies and the people we're here to save are.
"Is there anything on the screen right now?"
"Still showing two badgers bashing on Ronda's magic wall with some sledge hammers. Doesn't look like they've even made a dent in it yet."
"Can you switch channels or cameras with the remote?"
"Hm...no? There's no batteries in it. Looks like someone didn't get the memo."

>search the lockers. One maybe two look like they have the locks off / opened, the locked one you can pop the lock pretty easy with the robot hand.
>Before you open the lockers and the wall safe, stand right next to them and listen carefully to see if the humming noise is coming from inside one of them. If the noise is coming from one of them, don't open it.
I walk over to the lockers and press my ears up against each of them. It doesn't sound like the humming noise is coming from them, but it does sound a little louder. I go over to the wall safe next and can hear the humming noise a lot more clearly. I'll just open the one locker for now. Inside is just a notebook? Guess someone already emptied it out. I grab it and move onto the next locker. I try ripping the lock off but I can't. Either this is a really strong lock or...wait what's this little thing on it?
>>
No. 757190 ID: 3abd97

>Either this is a really strong lock or...wait what's this little thing on it?
Purple. Either some kind of curse, or a tiny chimera.

Dealing with that is buddy's department.
>>
No. 757290 ID: bb48f3

Yell for Buddy, have him blast the lock off.
>>
No. 757296 ID: 91ee5f

Have Oscar read the notebook.
>>
No. 757316 ID: 15a025
File 147856056236.png - (8.29KB , 800x600 , 36.png )
757316

>Purple. Either some kind of curse, or a tiny chimera.
>Yell for Buddy, have him blast the lock off.
"Hey Buddy, could come in here?"
"Sure thing!"
"There's something funky about this lock. It won't come off. I can't even bust it off with my serious business arm!"
"Someone's put some kind of cursed stone on the lock."
"Think you could lift the curse and get it open?"
"Eh...maybe? I've never seen this kind of cursed stone before. Give me a couple seconds to look it over and I'll be able to give a better answer."

>Have Oscar read the notebook.
"Alright, just be careful Buddy. Hey Oscar, I found a book in the open locker. Could you look through and read some it?"
"Judging our previous encounters and findings, I can just imagine what's in here."
I hand Oscar the notebook.
"Looking at the table of contents someone wrote in, it seems like these are research notes on chimera experiments? "
"Could you read them off for me?"
"It lists four projects. Demi-chimeras project, The Hell Worms project, Chimera taming, and curse resistance R&D. Any of them catch your attention or should we just save reading it for later?"
>>
No. 757322 ID: 3abd97

>Any of them catch your attention
Chimera taming. We had that small one show up and help you a few times before, and there was Tybalt before that. Be nice to know more about how this supposedly works than the generic "rawr, evil" line the good factions put out.
>>
No. 757542 ID: 15a025
File 147865703520.png - (11.58KB , 800x600 , 37.png )
757542

>Chimera taming. We had that small one show up and help you a few times before, and there was Tybalt before that. Be nice to know more about how this supposedly works than the generic "rawr, evil" line the good factions put out
"How about starting with the one about taming chimeras?"
"Sounds like an interesting subject, let's see what they found out."

"Day 1:
Today starts our team's journey into the darker creatures that haunt this planet. We've been told those cultists we met up with are trying to tame those hellish creatures they summon. Boss wants us to help figure out how to do it before those lunatics do. I'm going to be honest, I'm a little spooked to take on this job. All we really did today was throw up some ideas on how we want to approach this."

"Day 2:
We've decided the best to tackle the task is to just observe how the hell beasts are in there natural habitat at first. The cultists seem happy we're interested in summoning and taming these beasts, and offered to take two of members to the "cursed realm" with them tonight. When asked why only two, we were told that bringing in more than three people starts causing "weird things" to happen. Best to just play it safe for now and not risk everyone's lives right off the bat. I'll be one of the two going in, hopefully I'll return."

Day 3:
My field trip from the other night was pretty disappointing. We were only in there for half an hour and didn't see a single beast lurking in there. We were told staying in for longer than that can start causing health problems. Tomorrow we are promised to get a live summoning."

"Strange, there seems to a page torn out?"
"I wonder what it is with these people and tearing out pages from notes? That journal I found at the circus had a ton of torn out pages."
"Hopefully it wasn't anything too important. Let's now where were we?"

"Day 15:
Something really strange happened this afternoon. A lot of the team reported hearing demonic sounds coming from the back room where we have a hell beast chained up. I didn't hear anything myself. I'll have to see how things are going after the weekend break."

"Day 18:
Today was an utter mess. No one could get anything done. All anyone could hear was demonic taunting and laughter."

"Day 19:
I've had it. The lab is a total mess after everyone started freaking out over the voices in their heads and now they're refusing to even show up. I'm reporting this project as a lost cause to the boss, suiting up, and then killing this hellish beast."

"Day 20:
Well, I don't think there's ever been a bigger change in events in my researching career than today. I think the key to taming these beasts is to just simply prove you're worth a damn to them. I went down into the back room where the strange Goat-ferret looking hell beast was being held. Armed with just a knife that was infused with light magic, I fought with the intent to kill the foul monster! Before I could strike a lethal blow on to the beast, I started hearing it's demonic voice echo into my head. I couldn't really understand it, and soon I found myself calming down. After that I don't really remember what happened. Someone found me sleeping on the ground this morning with the hell beast Ramsey.

"Day 21:
I can actually understand Ramsey clearly now. Other say all they can hear from him is just vicious snarling and screeches. Ramsey doesn't really like talking about things dealing with hell or the cursed realm. All he does is ask not to be sent back, and something else about killing other hell beasts. Whenever he goes on about that my comprehension starts to fade."

"Day 22:
"Boss considers the project to be done and plans on having the stronger members to get their own hell beasts and see what happens. A little sudden but that's fine with me. One last odd thing to note, Ramsey sometimes mentions something about 'preventing it from ever happening.' He won't go into much detail about what 'it' is. I tell him I'll try my best."

"That's the last entry before it goes onto the next research project, which is titled 'Curse Resistance R&D"
"Before you move on Oscar, can I see the note book real quick?"
"Sure but if I may ask, why?"
"I can't really see it well, but there's something popping up in the book on the blindar."

Oscar hands me the notebook and I hold it up really close. I think this is that weird magic writing stuff again? It's really hard to read though. Mind lending me some help spooky guide spirits?
>>
No. 757545 ID: 7b65b9

It says "It must not be allowed to leave. Those fools have no idea what will happen! Why can no one see my warnings?" Maybe it's talking about Ramsey?
>>
No. 757633 ID: 3abd97

>beating up a chimera allows one to dominate it
Well, that seems consistent with what we saw with Tybalt, at least. Too bad they didn't get far enough to explain the whys, hows, or rules of it.

Candy didn't report hearing voices before taming him, but then again she'd had less exposure to chimeras.

...also doesn't really give insight into the small one that might have been helping you in the cursed realm.

>what else
Demi-chimeras project? Might give us some insight to trish.

(At the very last, beat up equals respect doesn't seem to be true for people who haven't actually crossed the line to chimera, or else she'd be eating out of your hand by thing point).
>>
No. 758923 ID: 15a025
File 147926554443.png - (14.31KB , 800x600 , 38.png )
758923

> It says "It must not be allowed to leave. Those fools have no idea what will happen! Why can no one see my warnings?"
Hmm... I wonder?
"There's a message showing up on the blindar that's written on this page. Are you able to see it Oscar?"
"No, I can't see any hidden message on the paper. Why, what's it say?"
I read off the spooky message to Oscar.
"Using an ink that anyone could see would be a good start. Wonder what 'it' is?"

>Demi-chimeras project? Might give us some insight to Trish.
"Could you read the notes about Demi-Chimeras?"
"Sure."

"The Demi-Chimera Project"
"The following notes and summaries are on the types Demi-Chimeras discovered so far."
"Type One:
This is the more dangerous type. One of the more dangerous qualities of Type One Demi-Chimeras is that they don't even look like a chimera. Somehow their bodies are able to resist the changes their now corrupted souls try to force. Most chimeras seem to instantly accept a Type One Demi-Chimera as a master. We theorize it could be from the strong corruption in their soul. Type One Demi-Chimeras seem to hoard and form large packs of chimeras. Despite gathering them in mass, they're rather particular about which chimeras they take in though. Currently there is no way to make a Type One Demi-Chimera into a regular chimera, nor is there a known way to change them back to a mortal. The only way to get rid of a Type One is through lethal means."

"Type Two:
Type Two Demi-Chimeras are those whose bodies somehow absorbed all of the corruption from their soul. Results have been very mixed, but all involve the body growing new limbs or existing ones mutate or decay. The most bizarre case involved one growing a pair of heads. Despite having corrupted bodies, Type Two Demi-Chimeras are still for the most part are the same as they were before. Luckier ones have inherited the power to cast minor curses or weaker magic. May be possible to train them use stronger spells and enchantments?"

"Type Three:
Only seen once. Only type three demi-chimera we've seen managed to escape somehow. All that's currently known is they have two souls in their body somehow."

"Interesting, I never knew there were other kinds of chimeras like this. The thought of a perfectly normal looking person really being one these demi-chimeras is a little frightening. Lucky we've got you around to help us out with that should we find any."
"Yup!"
"There's still two more projects to read about in the notebook. If you want I can read another."

I'm not sure here spooky spirits. These notes are kind of interesting and could still have some helpful information in them, but I'm not sure how long Ronda can hold off the guards for. What do you think?
>>
No. 759130 ID: 3abd97

I guess Trish might be pushing type 1? She doesn't seem physically altered. Although we haven't seen her dominate chimeras yet, either.

>These notes are kind of interesting and could still have some helpful information in them, but I'm not sure how long Ronda can hold off the guards for. What do you think?
We came here to try and figure out where the princess was being held from the security system. Haven't been able to do that with the remote empty of batteries.

Has Buddy had any luck with that locker? That's really all that's left to check before we move on.
>>
No. 759138 ID: 91ee5f

>>758923
More hidden words:

"They tried cursing a ???. It was awful. As mean as he is sometimes, ??? just might be the the leader chimeras need to end this."

I copied everything down exactly the way it was written, including the extra "the" in that one sentence and the "???" represent the scribbled out words I couldn't read.
>>
No. 759140 ID: 3abd97

>>759138
We might want to just flip through the book quick and get the remainder of the hidden messages.
>>
No. 760597 ID: 15a025
File 147977983678.png - (11.28KB , 800x600 , 39.png )
760597

>We might want to just flip through the book quick and get the remainder of the hidden messages.
"Mind just flipping through the pages real quick Oscar? I think there might be more of these hidden messages."
"Good idea!"

Oscar flips through a couple pages and it looks like there's some more.
>>
No. 760599 ID: 15a025
File 147977997003.png - (13.74KB , 800x600 , 40.png )
760599

I still can't really see these very well, other than that stop message.

>Has Buddy had any luck with that locker? That's really all that's left to check before we move on.

"Any luck with that lock Buddy?"
"It was tricky and took me a few tried but I finally broke it. All that's in here though is some unlabeled card, a pack of batteries, and a key ring."
"Oh! Throw me that pack of batteries. Hopefully they'll fit this remote. While I fiddle around with the cameras, could you go check up on Ronda, Rainy?"
"Sure. Holler if you find anything with the cameras"
>>
No. 760600 ID: 15a025
File 147978002503.png - (8.23KB , 800x600 , 41.png )
760600

"How are things holding up out here?"

"I took care of the guards, but I think I'm running on empty now. I don't how they did it, but they were able to dodge my magic a few times. You and Oscar find anything else in the side room?"

"We found some interesting notes on chimeras and demi-chimeras and some keys."
I hear Ronda let out big yawn.

"Good job. Say, I've got a little odd request. Would you mind carrying me around for a bit? I could really use a break to recharge my magic."
>>
No. 760815 ID: 3abd97

>>760597
>They make us eat those vile pests. We will miss those who lost to the sickness that followed.

>Just what are they trying to accomplish with these sick trials?

>>760599
>They're talking about killing a [scribble] now? Wonder if that's [scribble] fattier?

>They tried some kind of new blend on us. These burns might be with us for ages.

Hmm. Not sure that tells us anything useful.

>>760599
Okay, good. As soon as Oscar has flipped around and found us some some useful intel on the tv, maybe a target, we go.

>Would you mind carrying me around for a bit? I could really use a break to recharge my magic.
Yeah, sure, not like my arm gets tired. *joking*.

You've been a big help, seriously.
>>
No. 760817 ID: 91ee5f

>>760600
>Would you mind carrying me around for a bit? I could really use a break to recharge my magic.
Wait. I don't like how she's showing up on the blindar. She looks a little faded, which makes sense considering how much magic she's been using. But.....it looks a little purplish in color. I could be wrong though.....it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

>Don
Oi! You better not be messing with those controls!

Actually let's ask someone what he's doing, since he's still silenced and can't tell us what he's doing.

.....jeez, we're blind, and yet I can just feel him glaring at you. It's his own fault that he can't speak and use magic. If he wasn't being such a giant baby earlier, he wouldn't be like this. But with Ronda too tired to do anything now, we're going to need to unsilence him so that he can fight.

Tell him that we'll unsilence him, under the following conditions:

1. No more temper tantrums when we don't choose your idea. You must calmly explain yourself on why someone else's idea is bad and yours is better. And your reason can't be "because it's better"!

2. When we are sneaking around and we tell you to whisper, then you fucking whisper!

As long as he does that, then we'll unsilence him. If he fucks up again though, then we are going to silence him again and he will stay that way until the mission is over and we arrive back home!
>>
No. 761524 ID: 15a025
File 148013961904.png - (8.46KB , 800x600 , 42.png )
761524

>Yeah, sure, not like my arm gets tired. *joking*. You've been a big help, seriously.
>Wait. I don't like how she's showing up on the blindar. She looks a little faded, which makes sense considering how much magic she's been using. But.....it looks a little purplish in color. I could be wrong though.....it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

If something's going on with Ronda, Buddy's in the surveillance room if we need him.
"Sure thing Ronda, it's not like my arm will get tired or anything. You've been really helpful and deserve a little break.
"Thanks."
I pick up Ronda and let her rest in my arms. Her head nuzzles up against my neck as she quietly coos off into slumber. After a few moments I start getting a head ache, and then something pops up onto the blindar. Any idea on what this thing is or means?
>>
No. 761526 ID: 15a025
File 148013971585.png - (8.69KB , 800x600 , 43.png )
761526

>Oi! [Don] better not be messing with those controls! Actually let's ask someone what he's doing, since he's still silenced and can't tell us what he's doing.
"Ashley what is Don doing over there?"
"He's just sitting there, why?"

>with Ronda too tired to do anything now, we're going to need to unsilence him so that he can fight.

"With Ronda being out for awhile we're going need to unsilence him so he can fight. I need to make some things clear with him first though."
"No problem."

I walk up over to Don and hit him with the terms.
"Alright Don, we'll unsilence you but you need to make some promises first. No more of these temper tantrums with the plans. It'd help everyone out if you could explain why an idea is bad or why your idea would be better. If you can do that, and whisper when it's time to whisper then we're all set."
...
Oh right, he can't talk and I can't see if he's nodding his hea-
"Finally!"
"Alright Don, Ronda's running low on magic and sounds like she'll be out for awhile. Can I trust you with guard duty?"
"..."
"Don?"
"Yeah, sure, fine."
"Thank you."

"Rainy you might want to come in here! I think we found some friends of yours on the camera!"
>>
No. 761527 ID: 15a025
File 148013980729.gif - (353.52KB , 800x600 , 44_1.gif )
761527

Without even needing to think about, I dash into the surveillance room to hear what's up.
"We found that badger girl and your sheep friend that came with you to the-"
A high pitch sound starts ringing in my head. It's giving me a nasty headache and-
>>
No. 761529 ID: 15a025
File 148013988524.png - (3.21KB , 800x600 , 45.png )
761529

"Rainy, Ronda get up! Are you two okay?"

W...what just happened?
>>
No. 761617 ID: 3abd97

>Field (purple circle)
>what's that mean
Um. No clue. Maybe we grew different vision modes we can toggle between? Not seeing anything now, though.

>W...what just happened?
You saw, for a split second. Not sure if that was your eyes recovering, or a refinement and overreach on the part of the blindar you've been using constantly, with a nickname. ...and now we're getting nothing. Hmm.

The important thing is they're on BF6, which likely means basement floor 6. Trish is fighting (or controlling) some kind of dice cat? (There was a die on the floor between them, and the cat had 5 pips on it's chest). See:

>>/questdis/105938
>>
No. 761957 ID: 15a025
File 148029266268.png - (8.59KB , 800x600 , 46.png )
761957

>Fields
>Um. No clue. Maybe we grew different vision modes we can toggle between? Not seeing anything now, though.
If it comes back, any idea on how we might be able to try that?
>You saw, for a split second. Not sure if that was your eyes recovering, or a refinement and overreach on the part of the blindar you've been using constantly, with a nickname. ...and now we're getting nothing. Hmm.

If my vision is starting to come back that'd be fantastic! Even if it is just through the blindar that'd be nice.

>The important thing is they're on BF6, which likely means basement floor 6. Trish is fighting (or controlling) some kind of dice cat? (There was a die on the floor between them, and the cat had 5 pips on its chest).
I'm not really sure what was going on there myself. We'll just have to go down to the sixth floor here and find out.
I slowly get up off the cold ground while my head groans in pain. Looks like the blindar is back online?
"Yeah I'm fine. Did I drop Ronda when I fell?"
"Yeah, she's out like a light now."
"She was sleeping while I was carrying her around"
"What? She's sleeping? No, she can't be out of magic already?"
"Ah don't worry Oscar, Ronda usually just takes quick little naps. Hey tell Rainy about what we found on the tv!"
"Oh right! We didn't look around too much, but we found out there's an elevator on the third basement floor. I'm also getting the feeling we're not the only ones in here causing havoc."
"Whys that?"
"We saw what the next floor and it looks like someone went on a killing spree. There's suppose to be cameras for the last two floors but it seems as though they're busted."
"Anything else of note?"
"There's a chimera standing in front of the stairway that leads down to the third basement floor, and then there's four up on the first basement floor that look like they're heading down here.

"Back to being stuck in-between a rock and a hard place then. We better get going before those four get down here and find us."
>>
No. 761958 ID: 15a025
File 148029270879.png - (23.92KB , 800x600 , 47.png )
761958

We leave the surveillance room and re-group with Ashley and Don. Oscar fills them in on what's happening and what the plan is.

"Only one problem with getting out of here."
"Really?, and what would that be Don?"
"Bird brains over there forgot to pull down her big magic rock."
>>
No. 762092 ID: 3abd97

>>761957
Something wrote "ha ha" on the side of the tv in small font. Were we pranked by a tiny chimera?

>If it comes back, any idea on how we might be able to try that?
Ummm... [Field Change]?

>We saw what the next floor and it looks like someone went on a killing spree.
Might be Trish. Might be chimeras that broke lose. Might be a third party attacking these guys?

>"Bird brains over there forgot to pull down her big magic rock."
Right. That's... annoying.

Okay, we can probably break a rock wall with teamwork. Sudden temperature changes tend to be bad for structure integrity.

Hit the wall with fire then ice (or vice versa) then smash it with a robot punch. If that doesn't work, thy a few heat / cold cycles for further material fatigue before the next punch.
>>
No. 762105 ID: 91ee5f

>>761957
>If it comes back, any idea on how we might be able to try that?
It actually says "Field" with a colored circle inside of a square. And since the colored circle is sorta the same color as everything, I think that's circle is supposed to be what color everything (walls, floors, doors, etc.) is when we see. Right now, everything is purplish, which makes it hard to see anything that's corrupted. So maybe if we change the color, it'll be easier for us to see chimeras and things like that?

>she can't be out of magic already?
If she didn't use that much, then why is she out?

>>762092
>Something wrote "ha ha" on the side of the tv in small font. Were we pranked by a tiny chimera?
You can actually see the tiny chimera right there on the table.

..........! Wait, what if Oscar's right? What if Ronda shouldn't be out of magic yet? Remember when I said that she looked faded and a little purplish on the blindar? What if that was a swarm of tiny chimeras that drained her of her magic? And she was covered in them.....and you picked her up.....I'm really not liking where I'm going with this.

Let's try changing our blindar's Field to something that makes purple things easier to see. I hope this works. And if it does, make sure you tell everyone!

[change Field to White]
>>
No. 762259 ID: 34a8ed

>>761958
Here's your chance to show you're worth something then Don. Blow up the rock with your fancy fire magic.
>>
No. 762277 ID: 91ee5f

>>762259
She doesn't have fire magic, she has earth magic.
>>
No. 762413 ID: 15a025
File 148047017879.png - (24.22KB , 800x600 , 48.png )
762413

>Something wrote "ha ha" on the side of the tv in small font. Were we pranked by a tiny chimera?
>You can actually see the tiny chimera right there on the table.
Shoot, I missed it. Guess I'm going to need to be more observant myself. I'm surprised Buddy missed it as well. He's usually really good at finding those little buggers.

>It actually says "Field" with a colored circle inside of a square. And since the colored circle is sorta the same color as everything, I think that's circle is supposed to be what color everything (walls, floors, doors, etc.) is when we see. Right now, everything is purplish, which makes it hard to see anything that's corrupted. So maybe if we change the color, it'll be easier for us to see chimeras and things like that?
While the purple color is a nice change from seeing everything in black and white, it is making it harder to see things. Although I'm probably seeing things better than the others if it's as dark in here as they say it is.

>Ummm... [Field Change]?
>[change Field to White]
Nothing seems to have changed?

>what if Oscar's right? What if Ronda shouldn't be out of magic yet? Remember when I said that she looked faded and a little purplish on the blindar? What if that was a swarm of tiny chimeras that drained her of her magic? And she was covered in them.....and you picked her up.....I'm really not liking where I'm going with this.

"Buddy, can you take a look at Ronda? She was looking a little purplish on the blindar before I picked her up."
"I could give her a quick check up. While I do that, why don't you try to help Don and Oscar with that rock?"
>>
No. 762416 ID: 15a025
File 148047053404.gif - (64.70KB , 800x600 , 49.gif )
762416

>Hit the wall with fire then ice (or vice versa) then smash it with a robot punch. If that doesn't work, thy a few heat / cold cycles for further material fatigue before the next punch.
"Hey Oscar, what if we hit the rock with some of your ice spells, and then tried quickly heating it up with Don's fire spells, it'd weaken up the rock a bit. After a couple cold and hot blasts I could try busting the rock with my serious business arm."
"Small problem with that plan."
"What's the problem?"
"All of my spells and enchantments are reflection based."
"Well that could be easy to get around. What if I threw pebbles at Don and he reflected them towards the wall?"
"Here's a better idea, why don't you use your freaky arm and smash it. What do you need our magic for when you've got that thing to fight with."
"Guess I could try and see just how strong of a punch this thing can pack."
"Try to be careful Rainy, don't go and hurt yourself."

Alright, deep breath. I can do this. It's just a magic rock wall, nothing the good old serious business arm can't handle. I step forward and give it good hard punch...

"I'm sorry I ever doubted your arm's strength. Good job!"
"..."
"Ha! You even left Don speechless."
>>
No. 762425 ID: 7b65b9

Good work shutting Don up, now go see how Ronda is doing.
>>
No. 762740 ID: 3abd97

>What do you need our magic for when you've got that thing to fight with.
I thought the wall would be stronger than that!
>>
No. 763306 ID: 7288c2

Ask Don what that thing around him is?
>>
No. 763309 ID: 91ee5f

>>763306
It looks like a shield of some kind. Ashley has one too.
>>
No. 763340 ID: 15a025
File 148080167820.png - (8.21KB , 800x600 , 50.png )
763340

>I thought the wall would be stronger than that!
Well it sure was stronger than my shoulder...

>Good work shutting Don up, now go see how Ronda is doing.
I try and tough off the shoulder pain and see if Buddy found anything wrong with Ronda.
"How's Ronda?"
"I don't get any feelings of curses or corruption from her. I casted a purification spell on her just to be safe though. Speaking of, yours is starting to dim out. Here let me renew that real quick.
A warm, fuzzy, calming feeling starts to resonate inside me again. It feels nice helps take away a little bit of my shoulder pain.
"Thanks Buddy."

Another one of those things pops up on the blindar. Wonder what this one means?
>>
No. 763342 ID: 15a025
File 148080173261.png - (9.04KB , 800x600 , 51.png )
763342

"Alright let's try and take care of that chimera by the stairs and head down to the next floor before our company up stairs greets us!"
"Finally time to kick some ass!"
"More like time to finally pull your weight here"
We leave the room and head for the stairs.
>>
No. 763343 ID: 15a025
File 148080177935.png - (10.98KB , 800x600 , 52.png )
763343

We're greeted with a loud and ferocious roar as a large chimera pops up on the blindar. There's also several purple exclamation marks on it.
"Oscar, there's some warning signs coming up on my blindar from the chimera. Is it holding weapons or something?"

"No, but it's wearing some armor around its arms and legs though."
>>
No. 763355 ID: 3abd97

>Another one of those things pops up on the blindar. Wonder what this one means?
Oh! Okay the new one is reporting on the status of the shield Bucky just gave you. The other one... maybe it's an alert that you're hanging out in a cursed field? Long term exposure without protection is probably bad.

...which isn't good for the prisoners you rescued. Or anyone unshielded.

>>763343
Combo tech with Don? You take point, he does the explosive shield thing when it attacks you, you then follow up with a metal fist to the face as it's reeling.

Buddy can purify the puddle that remains if it's still necessary.
>>
No. 763538 ID: 15a025
File 148089715567.png - (12.93KB , 800x600 , 53.png )
763538

>Okay the new one is reporting on the status of the shield Buddy just gave you. The other one... maybe it's an alert that you're hanging out in a cursed field? Long term exposure without protection is probably bad... which isn't good for the prisoners you rescued. Or anyone unshielded.
I'll have to ask Buddy to use his purifying enchantment on everyone after this fight.

>Combo tech with Don?
"Don!"
"What?!"
"Can you fire back this things attacks back while I try to smash it with my serious business arm?"
"I thought you'd never ask!"
Don hops in front of me and starts furiously squawking at the chimera. The chimera lets out a furious roar and shoots out a dark ball!
"Watch out!"
"Here comes the steamy mirror! Time for you to look at your ugly self!"

The room heats up as the crackling sounds of fire fill the room, followed up with a loud explosion. The room goes from purple to red on the blindar!

"Hurry and shove this thing's face in the ground before the fog clears up!"
I run to the chimera and give it a good hard smack. After that I hear Buddy charging up.
>>
No. 763539 ID: 15a025
File 148089723513.gif - (87.62KB , 800x600 , 54.gif )
763539

"Come on now, fetch the ball!"
A ball of light comes pops up on the blindar it...what?

"Huh? Why didn't my trick do anything to it?"
>>
No. 763543 ID: 91ee5f

>>763539
>"Huh? Why didn't my trick do anything to it?"
Shit! The armor on its arms and legs! It's meant to reflect light magic away from the chimera! We can't kill it until we get rid of that armor!
>>
No. 763579 ID: 3abd97

>>763543
That makes sense. Protecting it from it's one weakness.

Okay, you're on armor smashing duty, Don is still on fire shielding. It's gonna take a few more hits to break all the armor, but then Buddy can finish it.
>>
No. 765106 ID: 15a025
File 148142097139.png - (11.77KB , 800x600 , 55.png )
765106

>The armor on its arms and legs! It's meant to reflect light magic away from the chimera! We can't kill it until we get rid of that armor!
>Okay, you're on armor smashing duty, Don is still on fire shielding.
"I think that armor it's wearing is meant to protect it from light magic Buddy!"
"How are we going to get the armor off then?"
"I'll have to try and break it off! Don can you keep reflecting?"
"Half of this hallway is on fire right now! If I reflect something like that again the-"
"Then I suppose you won't mind if I rain on your parade then?"
Water starts drizzling down, and the crackling sounds of the fire start to fade. I hear the chimera start charging at us, and Don causes another explosion before it gets to us.
"Quick, while it's down!"

I rush towards it and hit it as hard where the purple exclamation marks are. I wince as I hear a painful crunching sound come from my shoulder. I scream in pain with the Chimera.
Another explosion goes off, and the chimera disappears from the blindar.
>>
No. 765107 ID: 15a025
File 148142102751.png - (10.97KB , 800x600 , 56.png )
765107

"What happened! You alright?"
"I think I messed up my shoulder from smashing all this stuff. It's hurting real bad."
"This day just keeps getting better and better. Alright then, until Ronda gets up and looks it over you're taking it easy."
We head down to the third floor and right by the end of the stairway is a break room. The smell of blood is everywhere in here.

"Alright, I think we need to take a quick break again and make some decisions here. First we need to decide if we're going to wait in here till Ronda gets back up. We also need to decide where we're going from here. There's an elevator on this floor and from what me and Buddy found on the cameras, it seems it can go down to the next floor all the way down to the sixth floor. The only notable things we saw was an armory on the fifth floor and some of Rainy's friends are on the sixth. It's your call on what we do Rainy."
>>
No. 765165 ID: 7b65b9

I say go for your friends first, then maybe the armory later to give them something for self defense.
>>
No. 765169 ID: 91ee5f

>>765107
>>765165
>Friends.
>Plural.
>Implying more than one.
Let me correct you guys. On the monitor Oscar saw 2 people he believes are Rainy's friends. This is wrong. What he saw is actually 1 friend that got kidnapped and dragged here against her will by a stupid bitch that doesn't know when to quit!

Rainy's friend is the sheep girl named Candy.

The stupid bitch that kidnapped Candy and brought her here is a beaver(?) girl named Trish. And she is not a friend.
>>
No. 765349 ID: 3abd97

>>765107
Whose blood is all over the place, and why does it have exclamation marks? Maybe it's not safe to touch, or corrupt, or contaminated or something?

>shoulder hurt
Dang, and there a lot of things that will still need punching.

I see a fridge. You can grab something cold from the freezer to hold on your shoulder, at least.

>armory, friends
Denying the baddies a chance to use an armory seems important. We might be able to grab some equipment, or at least let one of the mages blow it up or collapse it.

>wait?
I'm... not sure we can afford that. Trish and Candy were in some kind of trouble, and we only have so long before the security response here gets their act together, or they move (or worse) the princess.
>>
No. 765351 ID: bb48f3

>>765169
I don't think Trish kidnapped Candy and brought her here. Why would she do that, only to call us and offer to let her out if we help her? Also I think Trish is a badger, not a beaver.
>>
No. 765355 ID: 91ee5f

>>765351
Well, maybe Trish didn't kidnap Candy from the King's castle across the ocean. But Candy is pretty much Trish's prisoner right now. If we don't help Trish, she's gonna stop protecting Candy and do something to her.
>>
No. 767227 ID: 15a025
File 148228756926.png - (10.11KB , 800x600 , 57.png )
767227

>Whose blood is all over the place, and why does it have exclamation marks? Maybe it's not safe to touch, or corrupt, or contaminated or something?
"Hang on, whose blood is this?"
"Again, I thought you were suppose to be blind?"
"Just because I can't see doesn't mean I can't smell all this blood in here. It kind of reeks in here honestly."
"I'm with Rainy here. It does smell pretty rancid in here. Though, I think the worst of this smell is coming from the fridge. Anyway, there's kind of a lot of dead sciencey looking people in here."

>I see a fridge. You can grab something cold from the freezer to hold on your shoulder, at least.
"Well, speaking of a fridge. Maybe there's some ice in the freezer I could hold on my shoulder."
"I could just use my magic to help with that but okay... I'll check if there's any."
"Don't even bother wasting your time short stuff. You can't reach that freezer. I'll get it!"
I hear the fridge rumble, followed by Don screaming like a little kid, and then the sound of the fridge being slammed shut.
"Okay, I was not expecting to see that in a freezer."
"What was in there?"
"Some horrifying decapitated chimera head is just chilling inside there."
"Oh darn, looks like I'll just have to make an ice pack for you myself."
"Thanks Oscar!"

> I'm... not sure we can afford that. Trish and Candy were in some kind of trouble, and we only have so long before the security response here gets their act together, or they move (or worse) the princess.
"We don't have much time to sit around waiting though. Friend is in trouble and every minute we wait, that's another minute their security has to get their act going and find us."
"So where are we heading then?"

> Denying the baddies a chance to use an armory seems important. We might be able to grab some equipment, or at least let one of the mages blow it up or collapse it.
>I say go for your friends first, then maybe the armory later to give them something for self defense.
>If we don't help Trish, she's gonna stop protecting Candy and do something to her.
"Let's head down to the sixth floor and help my friend. If Candy saw I was in trouble she'd rush down in a heartbeat to save me, and she deserves the same."
"Well said!"
"Alright then, here's a little ice pack I put together for you. Buddy, do you remember how to get to the elevator?"
"Yeah, it was by the stairs to the fourth floor."
"I know that but which way do we go?"
"Let's just go outside and check the sign. We're wasting time here"
>>
No. 767228 ID: 15a025
File 148228763974.png - (8.67KB , 800x600 , 58.png )
767228

Oscar hands me the ice pack as we step outside. I wish this robot arm was more flexible, holding this ice pack with my hoved hand is not an easy task here.
"Alright good. Elevators off to the lef-"
The radios start going off again.

"Lock down the entire fifth section and prepare to return fire! They've just broken into the sixteenth floor! Do not let them reach the twenty fifth floor!"
"Cemetery reporting in, can confirm there's another bunch running around down here. No one on the third is responding to radio calls. Graveyard's working on sealing the coffin in response."

"I hope they're talking about the third floor and not the basement floor we're on."
"Well instead of standing here, let's go before we find out!"
>>
No. 767230 ID: 15a025
File 148228771919.png - (6.97KB , 800x600 , 59.png )
767230

We head down the hall towards the elevator. When we get to it, I hear someone pound on the buttons.
"It's not opening! Wait, Buddy what's that screen up there say?"
"Insert"
"Insert? Insert what?"
>>
No. 767422 ID: 7b65b9

You probably need to insert your dick a keycard or a code. Is there a keypad for a code, or did that one braille code list have one for the elevator? If not you may have to find a keycard with one of the higher ups and knock them out for it.
>>
No. 767551 ID: 7288c2

Wonder whats up on the twenty fifth floor?
Just rip the elevator open with your robot arm. We don't got time for this.
>>
No. 767556 ID: 91ee5f

>>767551
If she does that, then she might completely destroy her shoulder and she won't be able to even lift her arm to shoot at things anymore!
>>
No. 768464 ID: 15a025
File 148285514128.png - (3.76KB , 800x600 , 60.png )
768464

>Wonder what's up on the twenty fifth floor?
When Ronda was going over the building layout earlier, I remember her saying there was a board room up there. Don't remember if she said anything else was up there or not.

>Just rip the elevator open with your robot arm. We don't got time for this.
>If she does that, then she might completely destroy her shoulder and she won't be able to even lift her arm to shoot at things anymore!
Let's not rip the elevator open.

>You probably need to insert a keycard or a code.
"Hey Buddy, back in that surveillance room you said you found some kind of card? Did you take that with you?"
"Yup. I grabbed that and the ring of keys I found in the locker. Why do you- oh! Here let me try sticking it the slot there."
"Access granted."
The elevator dings and we step inside.
"Please select the floor number you wish visit."
"Down we go to floor six!"
The elevator whirrs and rumbles a bit as it descends to the sixth floor. It dings again once we arrive. As we get out of the elevator, I hear Buddy trying to hold in a growling sound.

"The hallway they were in wasn't too far from-
I hear Buddy rush off barking.
"We better hurry and follow him."
>>
No. 768465 ID: 15a025
File 148285521530.png - (10.67KB , 800x600 , 61.png )
768465

We follow Buddy into another hallway. The smell of blood is everywhere here as well.
"Looks like we might have got here just a little late."
"What makes you say that?"
"I could only find your little badger friend and a busted up enchantment stone. I tried waking her up, but I think she's really tired from fighting whatever that thing we saw on the tv was."
"Where she is?"
"I'm carrying here right now."

Strange. I only see Buddy and Ronda on the blindar.
>>
No. 768473 ID: 3abd97

>"I'm carrying here right now."
>Strange. I only see Buddy and Ronda on the blindar.
Three possibilities, as I see it, if she doesn't show up on soul sight.

(1) She's dead. We haven't confirmed how blindar displays corpses yet, but it should be obvious it wouldn't show them the same as the living.
(2) She's not dead, but she's soulless. Which is probably worse, to be honest. Unless she's astral projecting or something, that can't be good.
(3) She's an illusion or fake of some kind. It might be good enough to fool sight or touch, but they forgot about soul sight.

You need to check if she's real and/or if she's dead.
>>
No. 768483 ID: 91ee5f

>>768465
>I could only find your little badger friend
Again, that bitch is not your friend! You don't care about her! Where's your real friend? Where's Candy?!

>>768473
All of these sound like good possibilities.
>>
No. 768856 ID: 15a025
File 148305657872.png - (10.70KB , 800x600 , 62.png )
768856

>Three possibilities, as I see it, if she doesn't show up on soul sight. (1) She's dead. We haven't confirmed how blindar displays corpses yet, but it should be obvious it wouldn't show them the same as the living.
Not showing the dead would make sense.

>(2) She's not dead, but she's soulless. Which is probably worse, to be honest. Unless she's astral projecting or something, that can't be good.
Buddy might know more about souls leaving the body. All I remember is when we beat Cyril in that dual thingy and got his soul put in an enchantment stone.

>(3) She's an illusion or fake of some kind. It might be good enough to fool sight or touch, but they forgot about soul sight.
>You need to check if she's real and/or if she's dead.
"Did you check her pulse or for a heartbeat?"
"Yup, she's still got a pulse. "
"This might be a strange question, but is there a way you can tell if she still has a soul?"
"Kind of? It's a little weird to explain how it works. But yeah, nobody's home in there.

>Again, that bitch is not your friend! You don't care about her! Where's your real friend? Where's Candy?!
"Wait, you only found Trish? Where's Candy?"
"I'm not sure. I don't see or smell anyone else in the room here."
This is bad. Trish is soulless and Candy's gone missing! I can't say I'm really worried about Trish, but she's the only here who'd know what happened to Ca-
One of the radios starts going off again.

"Reporting in! The upper floor intruders have be captured and restrained!"
"Haul the lot of them into one of the labs and keep an eye on them till further orders are given."

I don't know what to do spooky spirits. I'd really like to find Candy and make sure she's okay, but I feel like that has to wait till we get another clue on her whereabouts. What do you think?
>>
No. 769463 ID: 95c606

I think you should find Trish's soul so you can ask her out on a date
>>
No. 769484 ID: 91ee5f

>>768856
That door to the left either has something dangerous on it or something dangerous behind it.

>"Reporting in! The upper floor intruders have be captured and restrained!"
>"Haul the lot of them into one of the labs and keep an eye on them till further orders are given."
You know the old saying, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." .....sort of. Just because they're attacking the terrorists, doesn't mean they'll be willing to help you if you go and rescue them. Then again, they might help you out. Who knows? Let's ask everyone what they think we should do.
>>
No. 769555 ID: 15a025
File 148329688687.png - (10.64KB , 800x600 , 63.png )
769555

>You know the old saying, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." .....sort of. Just because they're attacking the terrorists, doesn't mean they'll be willing to help you if you go and rescue them. Then again, they might help you out. Who knows? Let's ask everyone what they think we should do.
It's worth a shot. We could use some more-

>That door to the left either has something dangerous on it or something dangerous behind it.
"I think there's something behind that door Buddy. Be car-"
I hear something whip through the air by me.
"Someone's in there!"
"Return fire!"
Oscar fires a stream of ice into the room.
"Nice shot Oscar, you froze their legs to the floor!"
"Sucks it has to come down to this, but here goes noth-"
"I don't think so!"
"That potion took me six weeks to make!"
"Well now you've got six seconds to change our minds on making a frozen popsicle out of you."
"Fa-fa-fine. What do you want!?"

"You wouldn't happen to know where my sheep friend went would you? She was down here with a badger named Trish?"
"Yeah, some weirdo in a robe took off with her and headed towards the seventh floor.
"What's down on the seventh floor?"
"Don't know, don't care to know. Anyone unlucky enough to be sent there never comes back."
>>
No. 769702 ID: 7b65b9

Ask that (guy?) who he is and why he's here.
Also what that potion does. Maybe it does something cool like turns someone into a chimera.
>>
No. 769736 ID: 91ee5f

>>769555
There's a glowing green thing on the shelf back there. It might be important.

Also, while we've still got a chance to talk about it, ask everyone if they think we should go rescue those other guys and see if they'll help us.
>>
No. 770069 ID: 15a025
File 148342020464.png - (10.85KB , 800x600 , 64.png )
770069

>Ask that (guy?) who he is and why he's here.
"So, who are and why are you stuck in here making creepy potions?"
"The potions are suppose to turn the drinker into the specific kind of chimera they've been brewed for. They're a work in progress still."

>There's a glowing green thing on the shelf back there. It might be important.
"And what's the stone on the shelf there?"
"Enchantment stone that separates this sludge crap out of water after a step in the brewing process."

>Also, while we've still got a chance to talk about it, ask everyone if they think we should go rescue those other guys and see if they'll help us.
I motion for everyone to step out of the room for a moment to talk about this.
"Hey, hey! Where are you going!"
"We'll be back if we have any more questions."

"Alright, what are we standing out here for now?"
"What do you think of trying to save those people they caught on the radio and seeing if they can help us?
"Don't get me wrong, we really need some more people in our group if things keep going like they are now. I don't think we should go charging all the way up to the sixteenth floor right now though."
"It could be another group on a different floor though. They never explicitly said what floor they were captured on. It could be a separate group all together for all we know."
"Ashley does have a good point there Oscar. I think it might be worth checking out."
"It'd be kind of stupid to charge all the way up there right now when we're almost to the bottom of the basement floors. Not to mention no eyes and bed head here can't do squat right now. We're gonna need all our strength to handle the shit up there."
"Hate to say it, but Don's got a good point there as well. It's still your call on what we do though Rainy. I'm not sure about Don, but I'll respect your decision either way."
>>
No. 770263 ID: 7b65b9

Just plant explosives on the corners of the building, then when it blows up it'll pancake down, and all the floors will come to you.
If that doesn't work, maybe try going to the seventh floor and rescuing Candy, because it sounds like she's in immediate danger.
Maybe she knows where the others are too, and even if she doesn't, it'd be nice to be reunited again.
>>
No. 770328 ID: 91ee5f

>>770069
>no eyes
Don. Need I remind you that I managed to taze your ass, despite not having any eyes? Or do you want another demonstration?

Then just point your arm at him, but don't fire the taser.

But, Don has a point, it would be dumb to go up there when we're close to the bottom. Let's just plan to go save them later and focus on saving Candy first. Which'll come later after Ronda wakes up so she can help.

Ask everyone if we can use that Enchantment stone that's in the room. It could be useful.

Let's go check on the guy that was iced and make sure he didn't somehow escape. Then ask if anyone has any questions for him. When we're done, completely freeze him so that he's not a threat anymore.
>>
No. 770899 ID: 15a025
File 148373682189.png - (10.37KB , 800x600 , 65.png )
770899

>Don. Need I remind you that I managed to taze your ass, despite not having any eyes? Or do you want another demonstration? Then just point your arm at him, but don't fire the taser.
"Don, please stop with the nasty nicknames. Just because I can't see you doesn't mean I can't spark a few memories from earlier today back."
"All I remember is a lucky shot while my back was turned.
It hurts, but I pull my arm and have it switch to taser hand.
"Oh! Oh! You wanna tango with the Fiery Flamingo now? I da-"
"Finish that sentence and I'll freeze ya and leave ya with the potion guy."
"Bah whatever."

>Let's just plan to go save them later and focus on saving Candy first. Which'll come later after Ronda wakes up so she can help.
I'm not sure if we can wait for her to wake up for that or not.
"Buddy, how much longer do you think Ronda's going to be sleeping for?"
"I'd say at least another half hour to an hour longer.
Yikes that's a lot of time. Guess it's a good thing we didn't sit in that break room waiting for her to wake up then.
>Ask everyone if we can use that Enchantment stone that's in the room. It could be useful.
"Hey Oscar, do you think I could use that enchantment stone in there?"
"If we had the time and tools to have your enchantment stone absorb its enchantment you could. Sadly we've got neither. Even then it'd be risky to try. There might be other enchantments on it, and if they're stronger than the ones on your stone, you could lose your radar vision enchantment."

>Let's go check on the guy that was iced and make sure he didn't somehow escape. Then ask if anyone has any questions for him. When we're done, completely freeze him so that he's not a threat anymore.
"Does anyone have any other questions they'd like to ask the potion guy?"
I wait a bit for a response, but all I hear is are little scratching noises
"I'll take that as a no then. Oscar, do you think you could completely freeze them?"
"Probably would be a good idea before he manages to get cold feet and slip away on us somehow."
Oscar and I go back into the room and he freezes the potion scientist up.
>>
No. 770901 ID: 15a025
File 148373689355.gif - (14.12KB , 800x600 , 66.gif )
770901

With that taken care of, we follow Oscar and Buddy to the next set of stairs. Some rather loud snoring sounds echo through the stairwell as we rush down.
"I hope that's not another giant chimera snoring down here."
"I don't like the feeling I'm getting from this floor."
"What's wrong?"
"It feels like this whole floor is just surrounded with curses and bad enchantments."

Once we reach the bottom of the stairs and start heading down a hall way, a loud but calming series of chimes ring through one of the hall ways.
"I'd know that chime anywhere!"
"Mind explaining?"
"Those bells are a spell do one of two things. They're either being used to purify anyone's soul that hears their happy little chime, or as an offensive spell to destroy chimeras that hear the chime. We should follow those chimes and see what's going!"
"Hold on a second, why haven't you used that spell at all yet? That sounds like it could wipe out just about anything in this building like nothing."

"I...I actually don't know how to use that one yet, sorry."
>>
No. 770902 ID: 15a025
File 148373694581.png - (12.38KB , 800x600 , 67.png )
770902

We follow the chimes of the bells down the hallway when we run into two others.

"This is getting ridiculous! How many more guards are they going to send after us!"

"Whoa, hold up! They're friends of mine! Rainy it's about time you found me down here."

"Candy, is that you?"

Some fluffy comes up and starts hugging me.
"Ouf! Watch the shoulder please!"

"Heh, whops. Sorry. Hey, do you got any of my smokes on you?"
"Sorry Candy, I don't have any. You know I don't sm-."

The stranger Candy's with interrupts me.

"I hate to rain on the reunion party Candy, but we need to find and finish that guy off before his enchantments finish recharging again."

"Right. Rainy, you and your friends wanna hop on this butt kicking train and help us out here?"
>>
No. 771160 ID: 95c606

Tell Candy you'd rather hop on her butt shoulders.
>>
No. 771181 ID: 7b65b9

It sounds like whoever they are after is dangerous. Ask them who they're chasing and what enchantment they're talking about. After that you should probably follow them, you don't want to get split up again.
>>
No. 771186 ID: 91ee5f

Ask Candy how she got here because we left her in the King's castle back in your home country across the ocean. Then ask what happened to that dumbass bitch Trish.
>>
No. 771323 ID: 3abd97

>>770902
Candy and her friend both have shields up. With that, and the chime spell we just heard, is it safe to assume Candy's companion is a light-caster, like Buddy?

Introduction, quick. Ask Candy why she's no longer captured and what happened with Trish.
>>
No. 774246 ID: 15a025
File 148521220261.png - (7.53KB , 800x600 , 68.png )
774246

Since we've got a party of almost ten people here now and I'm running out of fitting text colors, the name of the speaker will now start showing up by their dialog. Not sure if I should drop the colored text all together or not. Throw down some thoughts on this change in the dis thread if you'd like : )

>Introduction, quick. Ask Candy why she's no longer captured and what happened with Trish.
>Ask Candy how she got here because we left her in the King's castle back in your home country across the ocean. Then ask what happened to that dumbass bitch Trish.

Rainy: "Could you introduce us to your new friend first?"

Candy: "Oh sure, this here is Jill. She's a magic hippie or something."

Jill: "I'd wish you'd stop calling me that."

Rainy: "One more quick thing before we head off. How did you even get here Candy? You're supposed to be at the castle back home."

Candy: "Some wannabe hyena comedian and his amateur hour buddies started attacking the castle. Hyena dude came after me and did some magic bullshit and carried me through hell or something, and then brought me here and locked me up."

Rainy: "Sorry one more question, what happened with Trish?"

Candy: "Hyena dude sucked up her soul or something into a stone. After that he started coming after me. Luckily I found Jill hiding behind a corner and she decked the dude in the face with a huge magic bell."

>It sounds like whoever they are after is dangerous. Ask them who they're chasing and what enchantment they're talking about.

Rainy: "So who's this guy you're going after?"

Candy: "He's this big cuddly panda dude with an enchanted night cap. He can cast sleeping spells and then comes and fights you in your nightmares."

Rainy: "Sounds like something out of a horror cheesy horror movie."

Jill: "Candy we need to get going, I can feel he's on the move again already!"

Candy: "Ah shoot. We'll, we can talk a bit while we look for try and find this guy. Anything else you wanted to ask?"
>>
No. 774278 ID: 3abd97

>Hyena dude sucked up her soul or something into a stone
Well that kinda sucks for her, but it's something of a relief she's not running around anymore. That really sucks if that means the Hyena can harness her at all.

>>774246
There's something dangerous coming around the corner behind them. I think chat-time is about to be over.
>>
No. 774715 ID: 15a025
File 148539701785.gif - (29.65KB , 800x600 , 69.gif )
774715

>Well that kinda sucks for her, but it's something of a relief she's not running around anymore. That really sucks if that means the Hyena can harness her at all.
I think I'm more worried about the fact the Hyena can suck up someone's soul. Hopefully Buddy can protect us from that.

>There's something dangerous coming around the corner behind them. I think chat-time is about to be over.
Rainy: "Something dangerous is coming around the corner!"

Buddy: "Sounds like it's time to play fetch!"
A ball of light shows up on the blindar and eats up the chimera.

Jill: "Thanks...uh.."

Buddy: "The names Buddy, pleasure to meet ya!"
Jill: "Thanks Buddy."

Buddy: "Ah it was nothing. Oh I've got a question! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that nice robe from? It looks kind of familiar."

Jill: "The church I go to gave it to me, it's suppose to help strengthen my light spells."

Buddy: "That's neat! So are you training up to be a holy mage?"

Jill: "Yup. It's something I've been working towards for years. Still got a long ways to go yet."

That loud snoring starts echoing through the halls again.

Candy: "I thought you said he was on the move again Jill?"

Jill: "Someone else must be down here with him as well then. Let's get rolling."
>>
No. 774716 ID: 15a025
File 148539708061.png - (9.45KB , 800x600 , 70.png )
774716

We go through the hallway and pass through a few rooms, after a bit I can hear some feathers ruffling bit.

Buddy: "Something's wrong with Ronda!"

Rainy: What's up?

Buddy: "She's shaking like leaf and breathing kind of funny."

Rainy: "Did she wake up?"

Buddy: "No I think she's still resting up."
>>
No. 774721 ID: 91ee5f

>>774716
>She's shaking like leaf and breathing kind of funny.
>No I think she's still resting up.
Didn't Jill say the guy you're chasing can enter dreams? Maybe the snoring is coming from him because he has to be asleep in order to invade dreams!

Quickly, wake Ronda up or get her away from here!

Maybe we can kill this guy while he's asleep? But be prepared for there to be a guard of some kind protecting him while he's sleeping!
>>
No. 775206 ID: 15a025
File 148558277849.png - (5.68KB , 800x600 , 71.png )
775206

>Didn't Jill say the guy you're chasing can enter dreams? Maybe the snoring is coming from him because he has to be asleep in order to invade dreams! Quickly, wake Ronda up or get her away from here!

Rainy: "Jill, do you think that guy we're chasing is invading Ronda's dreams?"

Jill: "Judging by the low snoring I can hear I'd say yes!"

Buddy: "Come on Ronda please wake up!"

Jill: "You need to get her away from here and quickly!"

Oscar: "It sounds like we don't have time to question it, here take one of my radios to stay in touch with us Buddy."

Ashley: "I'll come with you as well. It's not good to head off on alone."

I hear Ashley and Buddy run off...

Candy: "I think I hear the snoring coming from the left here!"

Jill: "But there's no door or hallway to the left!"

They don't see the door on the wall there? I walk over to it and start feeling around. Something's weird with it. I can't physically feel the door, but when I touch the wall where the door shows up I can feel it's strange presences. It kind of creeps me out a bit. Should I try and open it, or just go down the other hallway?
>>
No. 775213 ID: 91ee5f

>>775206
Tell them what you see. It's probably invisible or something.

Ask if one of them can cancel whatever it is that's on the door.
>>
No. 776419 ID: 15a025
File 148599865261.png - (5.11KB , 800x600 , 72.png )
776419

>Tell them what you see. It's probably invisible or something.

Rainy: "Wait, there's this creepy looking door coming up on my blindar over here."

Jill: "Blindar?"

Rainy: "It's the nickname I gave my spooky radar enchantment."

I hear Jill walk up by me. It sounds like she starts tapping on the wall a couple of times.
A small voice screams from behind the door

???: "Ow! Stop it that hurts!"

Rainy: "Tell me I'm not the only one who just heard the door talk?"

Candy: "If by talking you mean that little 'screee' sound, then yeah I heard it."

Jill: "All I heard was the hollow sound coming from the wall when I tapped on it."

This is getting kind of spooky here. What's with this door?
>>
No. 776440 ID: 91ee5f

>>776419
>Blindar?
Just explain to them it's what let's you see even though you're blind.

>'screee' sound
"You mean you didn't just hear it say, 'Ow! Stop it that hurts!'?"

>Writing on door.
"And now there's words that say, 'Go away! No-one's home!' on the door."
>>
No. 776527 ID: 34a8ed

If you think that hurts, get a taste of this!
*Punch door down.*
>>
No. 776845 ID: 15a025
File 148610157118.png - (4.83KB , 800x600 , 73.png )
776845

>If you think that hurts, get a taste of this! *Punch door down.*
My shoulder is still hurting from the last thing I punched down.

>"You mean you didn't just hear it say, 'Ow! Stop it that hurts!'?"
Rainy: "You didn't hear the just say 'Ow, stop it that hurts?'"

Jill: "What an odd thing for a door to say."

>"And now there's words that say, 'Go away! No-one's home!' on the door."
Rainy: "The words 'Go away! No-one's home!' popped up on the blindar over the door as well."

Jill: "This is a rather strange sounding enchantment. What exactly does it do?"

>Just explain to them it's what let's you see even though you're blind.
Rainy: "It's some spooky telepathic radar thingy that lets me kind of see things even though I'm blind."

Jill: "O..okay?"


Candy: "Well are we gonna just stand here and talk about weird magic stuff or are we gonna open this bad boy up and see what's inside?"

I try turning the knob on the door to open it, but it seems to be locked.
Rainy: "It won't open up!"

Jill: "Didn't seem to like me poking it, let's see if knocking on it some more does anything?"

I hear Jill pound on the wall a couple more times

???: "I said stop it! Go away!"
>>
No. 776876 ID: 91ee5f

>>776845
Purple exclamation mark at the top of the door! I think it's either attacking or it's spawning a little chimera to attack you! It's time to stop trying to talk to the door and ask someone to break it down already!
>>
No. 776886 ID: 7b65b9

Maybe if you just ask nicely and gently rub his hard wood exterior he'll let you come inside.
>>
No. 777002 ID: 3abd97

What are the yellow marks? They almost look like d-pad button combos, but not quite. Maybe touching them unlocks it?
>>
No. 777094 ID: 15a025
File 148623038648.png - (4.49KB , 800x600 , 74.png )
777094

>Purple exclamation mark at the top of the door! I think it's either attacking or it's spawning a little chimera to attack you! It's time to stop trying to talk to the door and ask someone to break it down already!

Rainy: "I think it's getting ready to attack us or something!"

Jill: "Hmm... not sure if this will work or not, but let's give it a shot! "
I hear Jill start humming a soft tune

??? : "Last warning! Go away now!"

Jill: "Evil spirit who attempts to hide amongst the shadows, you have well overstayed your welcome in this land. It is time to make your Deer-ly departure!"

Candy: "I thought the term was dearly departed?"
Some soft bells start to chime and the door changes to a different shade of purple. A purple heart comes onto the blindar as well.

Jill: "Seems like that one can only get chimeras to come out from hiding still?"
>>
No. 777096 ID: 15a025
File 148623042146.png - (12.43KB , 800x600 , 75.png )
777096

???: "I'm not sure how you could find me while I was hiding in there, but let's see if you can find me dancing in the shadows this time!"

O..oh gosh a whole bunch more of hearts popped up on the blindar!

Candy: "Where the hell did all these millipede-bat jerks come from!"

Jill: "Did this thing just multiply itself!?"

Candy: "Now would be a really good time to do that magic bell thing again!"

Jill: "I can't, I don't have enough energy to cast that again right now!"

There's so many of them! How are we going to take them all down spooky guide spirits?
>>
No. 777102 ID: 91ee5f

>>777096
We don't take them all down. Remember, it said, "Let's see if you can find me dancing in the shadows this time!" Meaning we only need to find the real one because the others are fakes!

In fact, you can easily see which one it is, can't you? All of the fakes are purple outlines of hearts, that one completely purple heart is the real one! Switch your arm to machine-gun mode and open fire on it!
>>
No. 777204 ID: 3abd97

>>777096
The real one is the solid heart. The empty hearts are body doubles / shadow clones / illusions.

Just grab the real one and threaten to crush it.
>>
No. 777366 ID: 15a025
File 148632476769.png - (10.46KB , 800x600 , 76.png )
777366

>We don't take them all down. Remember, it said, "Let's see if you can find me dancing in the shadows this time!" Meaning we only need to find the real one because the others are fakes!
That sounds easier said than d-

>In fact, you can easily see which one it is, can't you? All of the fakes are purple outlines of hearts, that one completely purple heart is the real one! Switch your arm to machine-gun mode and open fire on it!
>The real one is the solid heart. The empty hearts are body doubles / shadow clones / illusions.
Guess I spoke to soon there.

Rainy: "Jill do you have enough in ya to fire off a few weaker spells?"

Jill: "Yes, but nowhere near enough to take them all on!"

Rainy: "I'll try and lend you hand here then, try and kill off the ones I-"
I hear something shatter like glass

Candy: "Ah shit those little buggers broke my shield!"
>>
No. 777367 ID: 15a025
File 148632483060.png - (5.84KB , 800x600 , 77.png )
777367

Rainy: "Shoot the ones I shoot!"

Jill: "How are you to shoot something when you can't see?"

Rainy: "Like this!"

I quickly move my arm and take aim. It hurts my shoulder a lot to move my arm around, but I manage to get it in place and fire off a round. Judging by the small screech I hear, I assume I blasted one of them?

Jill: "Holy Arrow!"

The chimera lets out a high pitched screech as it and the others blip off the blindar.
>>
No. 777368 ID: 15a025
File 148632493383.png - (13.11KB , 800x600 , 78.png )
777368

Jill: "Thanks for the help there Rainy, that was pretty lucky shot. How'd you know which one was the real one?"

Rainy: "It might be better to explain that in detail later, you made it sound like we didn't have much time to find that panda guy."

Jill: "Right. We should probably-."

Candy: "Oh hey! Now I see that door you were talking about Rainy. Something's real funky about it though?"

Rainy: "What do you mean by 'funky'?"

Candy: "It's got some trippy looking misty purple stuff dancing around the trim."

Jill: "That might mean the room has a link to the cursed realm. And judging by the loud snoring I'm hearing that way, I'd be willing to bet the panda is in there."

Candy: "So let's go in there and give him a good ol ambush!"

Jill: "There's a problem with just charging in there though. If it is linked to the cursed realm, going in without a holy shield is pretty dangerous. Just about anything there could just throw some vile curses at you with little effort."

Candy: "Then hop to it and throw some up on us."

Jill: "That leads me to the other problem. I'm running real low on energy. If I'm going to be doing most of the fighting against the panda, I need to save every bit of energy I can. I don't think I can take him on alone though. I've got enough in me to cast one more holy shield and still be able to fight."

Sounds like it might be tough decision time spooky spirits. Should we go with Jill and see what's behind this door? Or should I ask Candy or maybe Don..? to accompany her? Or is there something else you think we should do instead?
>>
No. 777397 ID: 3abd97

>How'd you know which one was the real one?
Illusions are for tricking sight, not someone using soul-sight to get around blindness. I was watching with the wrong sense, basically, so it didn't work on me.

>>777368
You go in with her. Blind-sight will cut through any tricks, and you can punch things if you have to. If we need Don to flood the room with fire, he can do that without getting close.
>>
No. 777484 ID: 91ee5f

>>777397
>and you can punch things if you have to.
Not with her shoulder messed up the way it is! She's lucky she can even lift her heavy robot arm to even shoot things with it!
>>
No. 777610 ID: 15a025
File 148639713364.png - (6.96KB , 800x600 , 79 puns.png )
777610

>You go in with her. Blind-sight will cut through any tricks, and you can punch things if you have to. If we need Don to flood the room with fire, he can do that without getting close.
>Not with her shoulder messed up the way it is! She's lucky she can even lift her heavy robot arm to even shoot things with it!

Never really noticed how heavy the serious business arm was till now. Not sure if it's heavy weight is something I should worry about in the future.

Oh and speaking of shooting stuff, I think I forgot to mention Oscar helped me get the serious business arm re-loaded this morning. Found out some of the details about how the gun from that. It takes some kind of special bullets he's never seen before and can hold six rounds at a time. I've got five rounds of ammo left in there with twelve more rounds in the little ammo belt Oscar gave me. Sorry about that spooky guide spirits.
>>
No. 777612 ID: 15a025
File 148639720398.png - (17.97KB , 800x600 , 80.png )
777612

Rainy: "Don can you come over here?"

Don: "Sending in the all mighty fiery flamingo to make toast out of the chimeras?"

Rainy: "No, I want you to stand guard by the door. If we need you to barge and roast everything in the room I'll call for you."

Don: "Fine, whatever."

Rainy: "Candy, try to keep Don out of trouble while I'm in there with Jill."

Candy: "Will do!"

Jill: "Holy light of Lain, shine down and provide my friend protection from the shadows that seek to harm her!"

Another soft chime rings and that little status thing pops up on the blindar again.

Jill: "Alright, let's try and head in now."

I hear her fumble around with the door handle, then hear the door creek open. I follow her inside
>>
No. 777613 ID: 15a025
File 148639729388.png - (9.21KB , 800x600 , 81.png )
777613

Jill: "It looks like we're in someone's bedroom? No one seems to be in here. At least, no one I can see. Is there anyone hiding in here?"

Rainy: "No, I don't see anyone in here on the blindar either."

Jill: "I doubt there'd be a chimera guarding and hiding this room if there wasn't something important in here worth protecting. I'm going to start digging through this dresser. Try looking around and see if you can find anything."
>>
No. 777620 ID: 91ee5f

>>777613
There's something under the pillow on the bed. But before you check that, there's an exclamation mark on that paper on the floor by the foot of the bed. It should be pretty obvious to NOT approach the bed without looking under it first! Get on the floor and look under the bed from where you are right now so that if something's under there, you'll see it and not give it the chance to grab you when you get close!
>>
No. 777850 ID: 34a8ed

>>777613
I see London, I see France, I see someone's dirty underpants.
>>
No. 778870 ID: 15a025
File 148686919192.png - (6.34KB , 800x600 , 82.png )
778870

>There's something under the pillow on the bed. But before you check that, there's an exclamation mark on that paper on the floor by the foot of the bed. It should be pretty obvious to NOT approach the bed without looking under it first! Get on the floor and look under the bed from where you are right now so that if something's under there, you'll see it and not give it the chance to grab you when you get close!

Smart thinking! I bend down and get on the floor to look under the bed...

>I see London, I see France, I see someone's dirty underpants.

Gross... Under than the dirty clothes, it doesn't appear that there's anything else under the bed. I get back up and walk over to the paper thing and ask Jill what it is?
>>
No. 778871 ID: 15a025
File 148686929146.png - (8.98KB , 800x600 , 83.png )
778871

Jill: "Oh be careful! That's a teleport pad! If you step on that there's no telling where it'll send you!"

Well that was close.
Guess the next thing to look at is the note under the pillow. I approach the bed and grab the little sheet of paper.

Rainy: "I found a note under this pillow!"

Jill: "What's it say?"

I try to give her a goofy stare.

Jill: "Oh right...sorry. Here hand it to me and I'll read it."
I hand Jill the note.

Jill: "The name at the top of the note is scribbled out for some reason. Note says 'Dear whoever, this is your final warning! If you're caught sleeping on guard duty again, you will be transferred to the chimera test chambers and have your soul devoured by chimeras!' Wonder if they're talking about the panda I'm after?"

Rainy: "Any luck finding anything in the dresser?"

Jill: "Found their journal with a helpful little tip in it. While the panda's awake, they've got a shield up around them apparently. Shield disappears while they're asleep."

Rainy: "Find anything else?"

Jill: "Nope. I think we might have cleaned this place out. Let's go and re-group with Candy."
>>
No. 778874 ID: 15a025
File 148686946918.png - (2.79KB , 800x600 , 84.png )
778874

Now if only we could find where the door went?
>>
No. 778883 ID: 91ee5f

>>778874
Do you see the line where the wall meets the floor? The line isn't perfectly straight, it's uneven. I think the door is supposed to be right there.

Maybe the wall is like a piece of paper that's folded together? If we can somehow "unfold" the wall, then we can get to the door.

Make sure you tell Jill.
>>
No. 778892 ID: 7b65b9

Just punch the wall and make your door.
>>
No. 779006 ID: 3abd97

Ask Don and Candy to open the door again.
>>
No. 779491 ID: 34a8ed

Make a door by shooting up the wall
>>
No. 780710 ID: 15a025
File 148743958906.png - (8.90KB , 800x600 , 85.png )
780710

>Ask Don and Candy to open the door again.
"Don! Candy! Open the door we're locked in here!"
...
Doesn't seem like they heard me?

>Make a door by shooting up the wall
I'm not sure I can make a big enough door for us with the small amount of ammo I've got on me.

>Do you see the line where the wall meets the floor? The line isn't perfectly straight, it's uneven. I think the door is supposed to be right there. Maybe the wall is like a piece of paper that's folded together? If we can somehow "unfold" the wall, then we can get to the door. Make sure you tell Jill.
A strange idea but I'm willing to give it a shot!

Rainy: "On my blindar, the wall looks kind folded up-ish?"

Jill: "What do you mean by folded up-ish?"

Rainy: "There's a crease looking thingy over there where the wall meets the floor."

Jill: "Oh I think I see what you're talking about. There's a little bit of wallpaper there that looks like it's peeling a bit."

Rainy: "Maybe the door's hidden behind there?"

Jill: "Ugh, come on hands work with me here please!
Rainy: "Need some help there?"

Jill: "Yeah I can't grab on to the flake of paper there, my hands are too big."
Rainy: "I'll get it peeled up a bit for you then."

I feel around the wall and find the little flake of wallpaper and start peeling it a bit for Jill.

Jill: "I think I can take it from-"

???: "Heeeey.... why are you two in my room tearing up my wallpaper? That's kinda rude you know...""

I turn around and see someone's over by the bed now.
>>
No. 780890 ID: 3abd97

>>780710
Well they're purple, so that's not good. And they look shielded.

Check who or what that is with Jill.

>"Heeeey.... why are you two in my room tearing up my wallpaper? That's kinda rude you know...""
Well what do you expect when you put a disappearing door in your room? Not only is that rude, but it forces guest to take the place apart looking for the exit.
>>
No. 781261 ID: 15a025
File 148754810290.png - (8.17KB , 800x600 , 86.png )
781261

>Well they're purple, so that's not good. And they look shielded.
If it is a shield, it looks kind of different from the other one's we've seen. I hope that somehow means it's weaker than ours..."

>Check who or what that is with Jill.
Rainy: "Jill who is this?"

Jill: "It's the panda we've been after!"

He retorts back at Jill in a slow, groggy voice.
"The Panda": "Gosh. You two sure are rude. I do have a name you know..."

I'm getting the feeling he just woke up recently.

>Well what do you expect when you put a disappearing door in your room? Not only is that rude, but it forces guest to take the place apart looking for the exit.
Rainy: "Well I think it's pretty rude to stick a disappearing door in your room. That kind of makes people tear things up looking for a way out!"

The Panda: "Yeah well just barging into someone's room un-invited like this is pretty rude. How did you even get in here in the first place? My door was enchanted and even had a chimera guarding!"

Jill: "Your foul enchantments and beast were no match against my holy enchantments."

Rainy: "And my lucky gunshot..."

I hear the panda gasp, sounding kind of surprised.
The Panda: "Huh?! Oh I think I recognize you now. You're that meanie who's breaking and blowing everything here up! I guess it's up to me now to stop you! [small]Which kind of sucks, I just woke up here...oh well."

Jill: "Holy arrow, pierce his-

The Panda: "Mass teleport activate!"

Something grabs onto my feet out of nowhere and yanks me down through the floor! Then suddenly I'm in another room?

The Panda: "Whew...that was close. I think if we're going to fight each other, it'd be best to do it in an actual arena and not destroy my room thank you very much!"

Looks like it's fighting time spooky spirits! Got a battle plan for us?
>>
No. 781619 ID: 7b65b9

If he could teleport you all to a secluded area, I don't understand why he chooses to fight you rather than teleport you to an inescapable area and then leave, but maybe he has a reason to fight you.
I'd say shoot at him as a distraction and to see if the shield is dangerous in any way, and if it seems reasonable punch it as hard as you reasonably can without injury.
>>
No. 781758 ID: 34a8ed

>>781261
maybe try making it hard for him to move around by spamming your little spike spell everywhere. Course, that might backfire and hinder us as well...
>>
No. 783251 ID: 15a025
File 148816654590.png - (7.95KB , 800x600 , 87.png )
783251

>I'd say shoot at him as a distraction and to see if the shield is dangerous in any way, and if it seems reasonable punch it as hard as you reasonably can without injury.

My shoulder is stilling hurting, so I'll stick to shooting for now. I have the serious business arm change to the gun setting, slowly take aim, and fire! A loud 'chinging' sound blasts through the room and something hits the wall on the blindar.

The Panda: "Are you trying to put me to sleep here? You'll need more than that pea-shooter to -"

Jill: "Holy Arrow, pierce through the walls of darkness !"

An arrow pops up on the blindar and gets jammed into the panda's shield?
>>
No. 783252 ID: 15a025
File 148816660248.png - (8.28KB , 800x600 , 88.png )
783252

The Panda: "If it was a pillow fight you wanted, why didn't you just say so!"

A purple exclamation mark flies across the blindar and shatters something?

Rainy: "Jill what just happened?"

Jill: "He just shattered my shield with pillow!"
>>
No. 783257 ID: 7b65b9

Try shooting the arrow in his shield. Maybe you can make it break through and crack it.
If that didn't work, I would suggest running in and kicking the arrow in, assuming the pillows are slow enough you could dodge.
>>
No. 783304 ID: 91ee5f

>>783251
>A loud 'chinging' sound blasts through the room and something hits the wall on the blindar.
That would be the bullet you fired hitting the wall back there.

>>783252
>He just shattered my shield
Shhhhhhhhiiiiiiit, that's not good.

>>783257
>Hit the arrow in.
That sounds like it might work. I mean, as long as it's still there, might as well make the most of it!
>>
No. 783439 ID: 15a025
File 148823235003.png - (7.97KB , 800x600 , 89.png )
783439

>Shhhhhhhhiiiiiiit, that's not good.

Rainy: "Can you quickly put up a new one Jill?"

Jill: "Going to need some time to charge up for it!"

Any ideas on how I could buy Jill some time to put up another shield spooky guide spirits?

>Try shooting the arrow in his shield. Maybe you can make it break through and crack it.
>That sounds like it might work. I mean, as long as it's still there, might as well make the most of it!

Rainy: "Let's give this idea a 'shot'!"

I try to take aim again and fire at the arrow. It looks like a little chunk of it busted off?

I hear the panda let out an exaggerated yawn.
The Panda: "I hate to tell you, but your little gun can't-
>>
No. 783440 ID: 15a025
File 148823238065.png - (7.95KB , 800x600 , 90.png )
783440

A small crackling sound cuts him off.
>>
No. 783441 ID: 15a025
File 148823244035.png - (8.10KB , 800x600 , 91.png )
783441

The Panda: "Whew... and here I was worried for a second. Let me show you how to really bust up a shield!"

Jill: "Watch out Rainey!"

I jump out of the way, but those pillows are quick! I hear one hit my shield and crack it a bit.
>>
No. 783443 ID: 91ee5f

>>783441
Quietly tell Jill to aim for the crack, that way he can't hear what you're saying and put his guard up!
>>
No. 783579 ID: 34a8ed

Unleash a storm of bullets on his wimpy shield.
>>
No. 783959 ID: 15a025
File 148841806114.png - (9.28KB , 800x600 , 92.png )
783959

>Unleash a storm of bullets on his wimpy shield.
I'm not sure the three bullets left in my serious business arm would really count as a storm of bullets. I could switch over to the pistol or shot gun Oscar gave me though.

>Quietly tell Jill to aim for the crack, that way he can't hear what you're saying and put his guard up!
I start making my way over to Jill as the panda continues to throw pillows at me.
Rainy: "Jill, can you see the small hole I put in his shield?"

Jill: "Yeah, I'm a little surprised that shot worked."

Rainy: "Think you squeeze an arrow through it?"

Jill: "Maybe? I'm not the best shot though. Think you can keep distracting him for a few more moments? I've almost got my shield spell charged up. Once that's up again I'll try and go in for a shot."

The Panda: "Alright you two, it's almost bed time here. How about we start getting ready by brushing those chatty mouths of yours clean!"

Jill: "Watch it, he's coming in for close range with a giant toothbrush!

Something pops up by the exclamation point by him. Any ideas on what it might mean and on what I should do next?
>>
No. 784156 ID: 34a8ed

>>783959
go home, go to bed.
>>
No. 784753 ID: 7b65b9

It looks like that means the shield is sound proof, perhaps that means you can't distract him by yelling, and you don't have to be within whisper range of Jill to strategize?
Either way I think you should still focus more on the crack of the shield, since it looks like his biggest weakness. Try charging him and Kicking the weak spot of the shield if there is an opening, but mostly just kite around him just out of his range if you can, that way he focuses you while Jill charges the shield
>>
No. 784760 ID: 91ee5f

>>783959
I think his giant toothbrush might inflict a silence status effect on whoever it hits! I think...I don't know. But let's not find out! Try to stay out of his range and dodge!
>>
No. 784761 ID: 91ee5f

>>784760
And silence is the status effect that prevents casting magic by making you unable to talk!
>>
No. 785103 ID: 91ee5f

>>784760
>>784761
Since it's sticking out of his shield, try shooting it to destroy it! But only do that if you have a clear opening and you're not about to be hit by it!
>>
No. 785346 ID: 15a025
File 148877737558.gif - (18.11KB , 800x600 , 93.gif )
785346

>go home, go to bed.
I can't go home and go to bed! Besides, even if I could it's too early in the day yet to go to sleep.

>I think his giant toothbrush might inflict a silence status effect on whoever it hits! I think...I don't know. But let's not find out! Try to stay out of his range and dodge!
>And silence is the status effect that prevents casting magic by making you unable to talk!
I hope that wouldn't interfere with you spooky guide spirits or shut down the blindar. Best not to find out though.

>Try charging him and Kicking the weak spot of the shield if there is an opening, but mostly just kite around him just out of his range if you can, that way he focuses on you while Jill charges the shield.
Charging after him even though he's charging at us? This plan is sounding a lot like an old racing dare Candy threw at people. Guess it's worth a shot!

I hoof it towards the panda and shout out to him
Rainy: "I challenge you to a game of chicken!"
The Panda: "Wait...wha?"
I manage to get right up to him and kick his shield as hard as I can!
>>
No. 785348 ID: 15a025
File 148877739753.png - (10.18KB , 800x600 , 94.png )
785348

Ow...
>>
No. 785633 ID: 7b65b9

Quick, press Z to do a finisher.
And if that doesn't work, rush him and kick him in the face while his shield is down and knock him out.
>>
No. 785637 ID: 91ee5f

>>785348
You must've been out for a while cause Jill's got her shield up and that guy has a spear and...a sleeping chimera on his shoulder?

Well, while he's distracted, shoot him!
>>
No. 785805 ID: 15a025
File 148892811496.png - (10.29KB , 800x600 , 95.png )
785805

>Quick, press Z to do a finisher!
Huh? I don't think I've got a z button on my arm.

>And if that doesn't work, rush him and kick him in the face while his shield is down and knock him out
I try to stand up, but my legs don't want to cooperate with me right now.

>You must've been out for a while cause Jill's got her shield up and that guy has a spear and...a sleeping chimera on his shoulder?
I have no idea what happened there, and I'm not really understanding what's going on now either. It doesn't look good though.

>Well, while he's distracted, shoot him!
I raise the serious business arm and quickly fire off a shot in his general direction.

I hear the panda yell in pain from the shot.
>>
No. 785807 ID: 15a025
File 148892814045.png - (9.83KB , 800x600 , 96.png )
785807

The Panda blips off the blindar
>>
No. 786217 ID: 95c606

Ask Jill if there's a dead body on the floor or if that sneak teleported away or something.
>>
No. 786263 ID: 91ee5f

>>785807
Ask Jill, "Did I get him? Is he dead?"
>>
No. 786352 ID: 15a025
File 148910230913.png - (8.79KB , 800x600 , 97.png )
786352

>Ask Jill, "Did I get him? Is he dead?"
>Ask Jill if there's a dead body on the floor or if that sneak teleported away or something.
Rainy: "Jill?"

Jill: "Yeah?"

Rainy: "Is he...dead?"

I hear her let out sigh as she answers.
Jill: "Yeah."

I feel my stomach drop a bit as that sinks in.
Jill: "You alright over there Rainy? You look like you're going empty your guts out over there."

Rainy: "I...I'll be alright. I could use some help getting up though."

Jill comes over and helps me stand up. My legs are sore and feel a little wobbly, but I think they'll be fine in a little bit.
Jill: "We've got a new problem now. The only way out of here is through a one of those cursed teleporter."

Rainy: "Shouldn't we be fine as long as we've got shields up?"

Jill: "It's still kinda risky but we'll have to chance it though."

I walk over to the teleporter with Jill, she's stop from stepping on it though.
Jill: "We need to go at the same time, otherwise we might end up getting separated."
>>
No. 786353 ID: 15a025
File 148910240659.png - (11.65KB , 800x600 , 98.png )
786353

We hop on to it together, and in a flash we're outta here and luck out and get sent back to where Candy and Oscar are.

"Fre- Oh Rainy it's you. You scared me there. I take it things went alright?"

Jill: "We got pretty lucky there. Managed to take him out without any serious injuries."

Rainy: "Anything happen while we were gone?"

Oscar: "You missed the fiery flamingo have another nuclear meltdown. Don got fed up with waiting and talked Ashley and Buddy into trying to free those two people that got caught upstairs."

Rainy: "How long were we in there fighting for?"

Oscar: "About an hour and a half."
Huh. Doesn't really feel like we were in there very long?

Oscar: "So now that the panda's been taken care of, we should probably start looking for a way down to the next floor."

Jill: "I think heading down to the eight floor right now isn't a good move right now."

Oscar: "Whys that?"

Jill: "I'm almost out of magic, Rainy's shoulder is hurting her, and your owl friend is still-"

[color=green]Ronda: "I'm awake! I'm just resting my eyes a bit."


Jill: "Point still stands, all of us are running on low here. There's a break room a few halls down we can use to huddle up in for a bit."

Jill and Oscar have some good ideas on where we should go next spooky spirits. It'd be nice to take a break and see if Ronda could fix up my shoulder now that she's up. At the same time moving on sounds like a good idea as well. What you think spooky spirits?
>>
No. 786487 ID: 91ee5f

>>786353
We're obviously going to take a break! You need to have your shoulder healed and you need to reload your arm's ammo.

Since, Buddy ran off with Ashley and Don the dumbass, Jill is your only way of killing chimeras, since she's the only light mage here right now. And she was fighting that panda by herself the whole time you were out, so letting her rest is the best thing to do.

Also, ask Oscar how well he knows Don. Don's been making stupid decisions constantly, almost as if he's trying to get the team captured or killed. He might be a spy, trying to get everyone so tired, they can't fight. Or, he's not a spy and is just the world's biggest dumbass!
>>
No. 786659 ID: 15a025
File 148926900879.png - (8.59KB , 800x600 , 99.png )
786659

>We're obviously going to take a break! You need to have your shoulder healed and you need to reload your arm's ammo.
Rainy: "Agreeing with Jill, we all need a break and some patching up. Since Buddy's off with Don, Jill's the only one here who can knock out chimeras, it'd be bad if she ran out of magic and passed out like Ronda did earlier."

Oscar: I suppose a break can't do us too much harm. Lead the way!"

Candy and Jill help us sneak through a few hallways and bring us in to another one of those break rooms. Thankfully this one doesn't wreak of dead bodies or blood.
I pull up a chair and let out a sigh of relief as I sink into it.

Ronda: "Oscar told me you messed up your shoulder breaking down the shield I left up? Here I'll start charging up a healing spell and see what I can't do hun."

Rainy: "Thanks Ronda! Try not to over work yourself though."

Ronda: "I'll try to take it easy."

>Ask Oscar how well he knows Don. Don's been making stupid decisions constantly, almost as if he's trying to get the team captured or killed. He might be a spy, trying to get everyone so tired, they can't fight. Or, he's not a spy and is just the world's biggest dumbass!

Rainy: "Hey Oscar, how well do you know?"

Oscar: "More than I'd like to say. Why do you ask?"

Rainy: "I've been getting a looming feeling he might be trying to get us to captured here or just fail this mission...on purpose"

Oscar: "Nah. Don's just hot head who doesn't think before he acts. Even when he's not in one of his nasty moods, which isn't very often he still finds a way to screw everything up, even for himself."

Ronda: "Heh, that reminds me. Remember that Volleyball tournament we had with the royal family?"

Oscar: "How could anyone forget that day? I wish someone had a recording of all those times Don tried to show his reflection magic and ended up smashing the ball in his face instead."
>>
No. 786661 ID: 15a025
File 148926910898.png - (5.70KB , 800x600 , 100.png )
786661

I feel Jill tap on my other shoulder and hear her have a seat next to me.

Jill: "Never really got a chance to introduce ourselves to each other. Care to chat and have a few bites to eat?"

I'm up for talk with Jill if you are spooky spirits? I don't know really what to start the conversation out with though. Any ideas?
>>
No. 786929 ID: 95c606

>>786661
Ask Jill if she's up some 7 minutes in heaven. She seems like a pretty religious person who'd be down for that.
>>
No. 786952 ID: 7b65b9

Talk about Your flaming hot erection for her. what she plans to do now that the panda guy is out of the way.
>>
No. 787285 ID: 34a8ed

Confess to Jill that you've got a massive crush on her.
>>
No. 787288 ID: 3abd97

>>786929
>>786952
>>787285
But what about Candy, oh fickle heart?
>>
No. 787612 ID: 15a025
File 148961769275.png - (10.63KB , 800x600 , 101.png )
787612

>Ask Jill if she's up some 7 minutes in heaven. She seems like a pretty religious person who'd be down for that.
I...uh...no. I don't even think there's a closet in here to use anyway.

>Talk about what she plans to do now that the panda guy is out of the way.

Rainy: "Now that the panda person is taken care of, what do you plan on doing next Jill?"

Jill: "Resume my search to find out where the summoning ritual is being held and prevent it from happening."

Rainy: "Summoning ritual?"

Jill: "These vile souls are trying to summon one of the most fearsome and sinful beasts known to roam the pits of the cursed realm. The beast goes by many different names, but most refer to her as the Chimera Queen or as the Ruler of the Chimeras. Fables say that her summoning will result in the resurrection of the Cursed Sage."

Rainy: "Do you have any ideas or leads on where they might be holding the ritual?"

Jill: "Nothing solid yet."

Rainy: "You can tag along with us if you'd like. Maybe we'll come across something that'll give you hint to where the ritual is."

Jill: "Thanks."

Hmm... drawing a blank mind here on what to say or ask next. Any ideas spooky guide spirits?
>>
No. 787798 ID: 34a8ed

Give her a nice little smooch on the cheek and thank her for the info.
>>
No. 787820 ID: 91ee5f

>>787612
Ask how she ended up here and how she and Candy met each other.
>>
No. 788490 ID: 15a025
File 148986873617.png - (8.98KB , 800x600 , 102.png )
788490

> thank her for the info.
Rainy: "Thanks for giving us the heads up on that ritual as well."

Jill: "No problem."

>Ask how she ended up here and how she and Candy met each other.
Rainy: "So Jill, how exactly did you end up here and meet Candy?"

Jill: "Originally I was sent out here with a few of the other sisters and the priest to investigate a strange field of curses that appeared in the forest. When we got here and talked with the natives, we found out that the root of the trouble was coming from this tower."

Rainy: "When did you get here?"

Jill: "We got here two days ago."

Oscar: "You said you came here with a group of others? Where are they?"

I hear Jill let out a sigh, and then the room goes silent for a bit.
Oscar: "I... uh...sorry for asking."

Jill: "It's fine."
>>
No. 788491 ID: 15a025
File 148986881119.png - (6.24KB , 800x600 , 103.png )
788491

I hear someone's stomach let out growl.
Candy: "So...any one got some food on them?"

Oscar: "Let me look through my bag, I think I took some rations with me...no? Ronda are they in your bag?"

Ronda: "Still busy over here, take a look though."

Oscar: "None in your bag either. Rainy did you put them in your bag?"

Rainy: "No, I thought Buddy was carrying the food with him?"

Oscar: "So until Buddy gets back, we've got no food? Great..."
Jill: "I'm willing to sha-"

Candy: "Oh hey a vending machine!"

Rainy: "Anything good in there?"

Candy: "Yeah but all the good stuff is criminally overpriced. Seventy-five cents for a little bag of minty chip crunchers is a load of crap."

Rainy: "You're buying them anyway aren't you?"

Candy: "You know it!"

I hear Candy jam some coins into the machine followed by a loud clunk.
Candy: "Ah what the hell! Damn thing ate money!"

Oscar: "It might take a different kind of currency. We are in a different country after all."

Candy: "I think I've got a foreign currency that'll work just fine!"

Rainy: "Candy are you going to do what I think you're going to do?"

Candy: "Place your bet Rainy. My knife vs this stupid vending machine?"

Should I egg Candy on and have her try and break into the vending machine or should I try and talk her out of it?
>>
No. 788684 ID: 95c606

Tease her and say that the vending machine would just eat her knife like it did with her money.
>>
No. 789142 ID: 7b65b9

I think you should talk her out of it. I feel like the people around here are dumb enough to put an alarm on a vending machine, and you don't want to take any chances drawing attention.
>>
No. 789144 ID: 91ee5f

>>788684
This! XD

>>789142
And this.
>>
No. 789514 ID: 15a025
File 149021383640.png - (6.61KB , 800x600 , 104.png )
789514

>Tease her and say that the vending machine would just eat her knife like it did with her money.
>I think you should talk her out of it. I feel like the people around here are dumb enough to put an alarm on a vending machine, and you don't want to take any chances drawing attention.
Rainy: "I don't think it'd be a great idea Candy. It'd be our luck they'd stick an alarm or something in the vending machine to go off in case someone busts it open. Besides, what would you do if it ate your knife like it ate your change up."

Candy: "Ah you're no fun. Too hungry to rip this thing open like a bag of chips anyway."

Candy comes over and sits down at the table with us while Jill hands out some food. It doesn't take long before I can hear her crunching away at her food.

Jill: "I'm sorry if it's not much, we didn't have much time to really prepare for this trip."
Oscar: "I'm more than fine with having bread and crackers for once. All we ever really get for food when we go out are carrots and some ration bars."

Jill: "Doesn't sound like very much to eat."

I hear Oscar get up and move over closer to use.
Oscar: "Ronda why don't you take a break there and eat."

Ronda: "Wings are still tied up healing here, I'll eat la- eep!"

Oscar: "If your wings are busy there I'll just feed ya then. Come on now, eat the cracker."

Ronda: "Quit poking me the cracker, you're getting crumbs all over me now."

I hear Candy let out a little giggle.
Candy: "Pfft. You two look couple over there!"

Ronda: "Oscar stop, this is embarrassing..."

Oscar: "Then eat before you end up passing out again."

Ronda: "Rainy, would you mind if I take a break to eat?"

Oscar: "I could just hand feed you too, Ronda."

My shoulder is starting to feel better, it still hurts a little though. I feel like I can manage for now. What do you think though spooky spirits? Should I just play it safe and have Ronda keeping healing it or let have a break for now?
>>
No. 789558 ID: 7b65b9

I'd say let her eat. She deserves a break, and you should be well off enough to wait until she's done.
>>
No. 789585 ID: 91ee5f

>>789514
Let her eat.....but tease her and say that she should let Oscar hand feed her anyways because, even though you can't see, you're pretty sure it is an adorable sight! And they would make a cute couple! XD
>>
No. 790138 ID: 15a025
File 149039989996.png - (7.18KB , 800x600 , 105.png )
790138

>I'd say let her eat. She deserves a break, and you should be well off enough to wait until she's done.
Rainy: "I wouldn't mind at all Ronda. You deserve a break."

Ronda: "If you're alright with it then I suppose I could take a break then."

>but tease her and say that she should let Oscar hand feed her anyways because, even though you can't see, you're pretty sure it is an adorable sight!
Rainy: "You know, there's still nothing stopping Oscar from hand feeding you though Ronda. Even though I can't see it happen, I'm sure it looks kinda cute."

Ronda: "Nothing stopping me from snatching the food out of his hands either."

Oscar: "It wouldn't bother me as long you eat something Ronda. You push yourself too hard."

The conversation just kind of drops as everyone crunches away at their snacks...
Rainy: "Oscar, before I forget to ask, could you help me reload my gun?"

Oscar: "Sure, let me dig the tools out of my bag."

While I wait for Oscar to find the tools, I have the serious business arm change to gun mode.
Jill: "While you're doing that, mind if I ask a few questions myself?"

Rainy: "Ask away!"

Jill: "What brought all of you out here to the tower?"

Oscar: "uh..."

Ronda: "mmm....we're here to...err... "

Jill: "You're here to?"

Getting the feeling Ronda and Oscar don't want Jill know why we're here? Should I try and something to bail out on the question or tell her the truth?
>>
No. 790449 ID: 95c606

Just tell the truth. You really don't have much to lose by telling her.
>>
No. 791002 ID: 15a025
File 149066298321.png - (9.94KB , 800x600 , 106.png )
791002

>Just tell the truth. You really don't have much to lose by telling her.
Rainy: "We're here to rescue the princess!"

Jill: "You're telling me these are the people who kidnapped the princess months ago?"

Ronda: "yeah..."

Jill: "I hope she's alright then. Thinking about what they'd do with her makes me sick."

I hear something tap my shoulder.
Rainy: "Huh?"

Oscar: "Figured since we're taking a break, now would be a good idea to charge your arm up."

Rainy: "Oh, thanks Oscar!"

Oscar: "No problem. Now keep your arm still, these screws are hard to see."

After Oscar reloads the hand gun I hear Jill get up.
Jill: "Almost set there?"

Oscar: "Almost, just have to put it back together now."

Jill: "When you're done with that, I think we should get going to the next floor."

Oscar: "What do you think Rainy? Feel like you're ready go?"

What do you think spooky spirits? Think we should head to next floor, or should we rest up here and talk about things some more? If we stay, what should we talk about?
>>
No. 791342 ID: 7b65b9

You should probably get going if you are all feeling good enough to go, because Buddy and Don may be in danger and could use backup.
>>
No. 791551 ID: 15a025
File 149083482009.png - (7.88KB , 800x600 , 107.png )
791551

>You should probably get going if you are all feeling good enough to go
Rainy: "Yeah, let's get going."

As we get up and ready to leave, I feel Ronda hop up and perch herself on shoulder.

Rainy: "Careful there Ronda, your claws are digging into me there."

Ronda: "Whops, sorry."

Rainy: "It's fine, just be careful."

Jill: "Candy, do you remember where we saw the stair way down to the next floor?"

Candy: "I thought you said you'd remember where it was!"

Jill: "Are you saying we have to walk around looking for it again now?"

Candy: "Pfft, I'm just pulling your leg here. Of course I remember where the stairway is."

Candy leads the way and brings us to the stairway to the bottom floor of the tower.
>>
No. 791552 ID: 15a025
File 149083527995.png - (7.84KB , 800x600 , 108.png )
791552

Candy: "Oh what the hell? Where'd this freaky laser door come from?"

Jill: "There's a sign up on it too?"


Rainy: "What does it say?"
Candy: "It says: 'Floor currently under lock down. Press green key to unlock?' I'm a push it!"

Jill: "Don't push-"

Candy: "Now it says: 'You have three attempts at forming the tree by removing four lines. To remove a line, press the two nodes it connects at the same time. Failure to do so will activate the alarms.'"

Jill: "Well this is a little random. Why would they give instructions on how to unlock the door?"

Oscar: "How is anyone suppose to make a tree out of that?"

Ronda: "It looks more like a rock or boulder to me than a tree..."

It takes a few seconds, but the lasers pop up on the blindar for me. This looks like it's going to be challenging. To make things a little easier to keep track of, I mentally assign a number to each of the buttons. I don't suppose you're also spooky puzzle spirits as well, spooky guide spirits?
>>
No. 791679 ID: 34a8ed

No, make Candy solve this. it's her fault we're in this mess now.
>>
No. 791751 ID: 91ee5f

>>791552
Removing the line between 4 and 5 and the line between 2 and 3 will make a tree. The top three triangles would be the leaves in the branches and the square would make the tree trunk.

But that's only removing two lines. Did the instructions say that we have to remove four lines or are we allowed to do it by removing less than four?
>>
No. 791753 ID: 91ee5f

>>791751
If it has to be four lines, then remove the line between 1 and 6 and the line between 1 and 7 along with what I said earlier.
>>
No. 792420 ID: 15a025
File 149107216169.png - (8.79KB , 800x600 , 109.png )
792420

>Removing the line between 4 and 5 and the line between 2 and 3 will make a tree. The top three triangles would be the leaves in the branches and the square would make the tree trunk. But that's only removing two lines. Did the instructions say that we have to remove four lines or are we allowed to do it by removing less than four?

Well, only one way to find out. I walk up to the door and press those sets of buttons.
Rainy: "Anything happen?"

Jill: "Two of the lines shut off, door is still shut."

>If it has to be four lines, then remove the line between 1 and 6 and the line between 1 and 7 along with what I said earlier.
I shut off lines one-six and one seven as well. After the lasers go out, I feel the ground shake a bit. The door creeks open.

Candy: "Whoa nice job Rainy, you got it on the firs- Jill wait up!"
Jill charges down the stairs ahead of us, followed by Candy.

Ronda: "Well what are we standing here for? Let's go!"
>>
No. 792422 ID: 15a025
File 149107225070.png - (7.56KB , 800x600 , 110.png )
792422

I try to rush down the stairs with everyone, but the steps feel considerably smaller and more narrow than the ones from the other staircases. It'd really help if there was a hand rail or something I could hold ontoo-!

Ronda: Whoa careful there Rainy!"

Rainy: "Yikes, that was a close one there. Almost tripped there. Thanks!"

When we reach the bottom of the stairs, I hear Jill and Candy yelling at someone?
Jill: "There's nowhere for you to run this time!"

Candy: "And we've got you out numbered three to one!"

Ronda: "Make that five to one now!"

???: "Heh, that's cute. And here I thought my 'deer' pal over there was the only...blind one in the house tonight.!"

???: "Hah! Good one brother!"

Jill: "What, there's two of you?"

[color=purple]???: "Don't count me out either!"


Candy: "The only thing will be counting you for is the death count!"

???: "Haha! Do you want a cold rag for that burn brother?"

???: "Ha! I'm shaking in my boots here from that one. Maybe if ask nicely they'll let us go peacefully."

???: "Hah! That's a good one. What do you say we get this show on the road here boys and giv'em what they came here for?"

Jill: "Oscar, Candy! Get the one on the left, I'll take the one on the right. Rainy and Ronda, try and take care of the hyena in the middle!"

Ah...oh...the blindar changed views on me! This is a little disorienting. Uh...whats the battle plan here spooky battle guide spirits?
>>
No. 792981 ID: 7b65b9

Ask Oscar to block off the back of the hyena with an ice wall, then punch him in the face into it.
>>
No. 793319 ID: 34a8ed

>>792981
This. Then have Ronda jut a spike out of the wall to end him.
>>
No. 793513 ID: 15a025
File 149136329211.png - (6.09KB , 800x600 , 111.png )
793513

>Ask Oscar to block off the back of the hyena with an ice wall, then punch him in the face into it
>This. Then have Ronda jut a spike out of the wall to end him.
A little brutal, but I whisper the plan to Ronda real quick to see if that'd work.

Ronda: "That's some smart thinking and might actually work. Let's give it a shot."

Rainy: "Oscar, set up an ice wall behind the one in the middle please!"

Oscar: "On it! Candy please cover me while I charge it up."

???: "Oh she'll cover you alright, cover you in blood! Hah!"

I hear Candy's knife clinking against something. Is the hyena over there also armed with something?
>>
No. 793514 ID: 15a025
File 149136337429.png - (7.45KB , 800x600 , 112.png )
793514

Jill: "Holy Shield, protect my allies from the shadows that lurk behind them!"
Candy and Oscar get shields on the blindar.

Oscar: "Ice wall, freeze their escape in case they get cold feet and flee!"
>>
No. 793515 ID: 15a025
File 149136346707.png - (7.60KB , 800x600 , 113.png )
793515

???: "Hah! 'Ice' miss there pal!"

Candy: "What is it with you guys and your horrible puns!"

???: "Ouf, I'd say tough crowd, but their sense of humor is about as good as their punches"

Rainy: "Well, here's a killer punch line for you!"

I deck the hyena as hard as I can and send him flying! I hear Oscar's ice wall shatter as he crashes through it on the blindar.
>>
No. 793517 ID: 15a025
File 149136360977.png - (5.70KB , 800x600 , 114.png )
793517

Ronda: "Let's see if he gets the point!"

I wince a little as I hear the hyena let out a death wail as Ronda's spike impales him.
>>
No. 793518 ID: 15a025
File 149136368867.png - (6.24KB , 800x600 , 115.png )
793518

???: "What the hell bro! I thought you said she was blind!"

???: "She is! Remember she was that courier with weapon plans we fucked with a few months ago."

Candy: "Excuse me?"

Candy's heart on the blindar changes...

>___?
>>
No. 793542 ID: 91ee5f

>>793518
>"What the hell bro! I thought you said she was blind!"
>She is!
"Well you thought wrong!"

>Candy's heart on the blindar changes...
Well, looks like they just pushed Candy's "Beserk Button". Since they were stupid enough to admit out loud that they're the one's responsible for what happened to you, Candy is very pissed off!

Now, being angry usually has a few things happen:

1.) You hit harder because you really want to hurt whoever mad you mad.

2.) You get blinded by rage, don't think clearly, and just end up swinging wildly at your enemy. Which also causes you to tire out faster.

3.) A combination of 1 and 2.

What you should do now, is make sure the guy that got spiked on the wall is actually dead. Don't want him to surprise you when you're paying attention to a different enemy!

When you're absolutely sure he's dead, go help Jill because she's by herself over there. And tell Oscar to assist Candy.
>>
No. 793936 ID: 34a8ed

Looks like Candy's fucking pissed
>>
No. 794126 ID: 15a025
File 149159521182.png - (7.96KB , 800x600 , 116.png )
794126

>Well, looks like they just pushed Candy's "Beserk Button"
Candy: "You blinded my friend!"

???: "Yup! Oh I can still hear her screams in- my eye!!!"

Candy: "Not so funny when you're on the receiving end, is it?"

>What you should do now, is make sure the guy that got spiked on the wall is actually dead. Don't want him to surprise you when you're paying attention to a different enemy!
Rainy: "Ronda, is the guy on the spike dead?"

Ronda "He's...gone?!"

Rainy: "What do you mean gone?"

Ronda: "His body disappeared!"
Rainy: "Be on the watch for him then, he might have a teleport enchantment!"

>When you're absolutely sure he's dead, go help Jill because she's by herself over there. And tell Oscar to assist Candy.

Rainy: "Oscar, try to help out Candy and watch your back. One of them might have a teleport enchantment!"

Oscar: "Got it!"

I go over to Jill and see if we can't gang up the hyena on the right.
Jill: "Keep your distance with this guy Rainy, he's got a cursed enchantment ring around one of his claws."

Not even a moment later I hear him let a grunt and leap at me. I take a quick hop back.

???: Let's see you hop around and dodge after this!"
A set of purple little spikes(?) start showing up all over the map.

>___?
>>
No. 795342 ID: ca0e20

I'm assuming he's casting a spell, maybe you can stop him from doing so? Jump at him and clobber his face!
>>
No. 795347 ID: 91ee5f

>>794126
Shoot him!
>>
No. 795973 ID: 15a025
File 149223341838.gif - (12.90KB , 800x600 , 117.gif )
795973

>I'm assuming he's casting a spell, maybe you can stop him from doing so? Jump at him and clobber his face!
>Shoot him!
It'd probably be a better idea to shoot him, but I'm not really sure I'd have enough time to switch to gun mode and fire off a shot before he does. I just hop forward and deck'em with a solid punch! My stomach churn a bit at the sound of a few bones cracking.

???: "Ouf... My chest. Let's see you hold up to my enchanted punch!"

I panic a bit and duck down hoping he misses. I hear something like someone pounding on glass?

???: "Damn shield, break already!"

Ronda: "Hate to say it, but I think your punch is spiked!"

???: "Gaaah!"

The pounding sound keeps on going!
Ronda: "How is he still going at it! I shot a rock through hand!"

I switch the serious business arm over to the gun mode.
???: "Nope!"

I whip my arm out and try firing it at him but he disappears?
>>
No. 795976 ID: 15a025
File 149223361432.gif - (9.84KB , 800x600 , 118.gif )
795976

???: "You might be able to shoot me at point blank with that, but not at a good distance away!"

Rainy: "And why's that?"

???: "Because you're-"

I cut his sentence short and fire off two rounds at him.
Rainy: "You thought wrong!"

???: "H...how?"

His heart blips off the blindar.
>>
No. 795977 ID: 15a025
File 149223376754.png - (68.88KB , 800x600 , 119.png )
795977

Rainy: "Is he...did I actually do it?"

Ronda: "Yeah...I'd say he's-"

An explosion goes off towards the other side of the room. Some static or something covers up that area of the blindar.
Rainy: "What happened? Is everyone okay!?"

Ronda: "It looks like a smoke bomb went off!"

Jill: "Cover your mouths, that might actually be poisonous gas!"

Rainy: "Poisonous gas? Shoot, Candy and Oscar are in there!"

I lift Ronda off my shoulder and put her on the ground and charge into the gas!

Ronda: "Hey be careful in there!"
>>
No. 795979 ID: 15a025
File 149223387177.png - (2.70KB , 800x600 , 120.png )
795979

When I get in the smoke cloud the blindar shuts off on me? Guess it's back to relying on my hearing now. I focus and hear something to my left. It sounds like someone faintly coughing. A little bit forward and to my right I hear a tapping sound. There's no rhythm to it though.

Which way should I go?
>>
No. 796039 ID: ca0e20

If it's a normal smoke grenade, I think it should be fine?

Go check on the coughing and try to point them to the direction of how to exit the smoke. They might just be disoriented. I also assume it's Oscar.

The tapping might be Candy beating up the other guy (assuming it's not the opposite). So as soon as you point the coughing person out of the smoke, go check on the tapping sound to help.
>>
No. 796317 ID: 15a025
File 149238018955.png - (64.81KB , 800x600 , 121.png )
796317

>If it's a normal smoke grenade, I think it should be fine?
I probably shouldn't worry about it too much. At the same time no foul in playing things safe.

>Go check on the coughing and try to point them to the direction of how to exit the smoke. They might just be disoriented. I also assume it's Oscar.
>The tapping might be Candy beating up the other guy (assuming it's not the opposite). So as soon as you point the coughing person out of the smoke, go check on the tapping sound to help
Sounds like a solid plan!

I head to the left and to help the coughing person out.
My voice comes out a little muffled from covering my mouth up with the inside of my shirt
Rainy: "Ello? Oscar is that you?"

Oscar: "Rainy?"

Rainy: "You alright? What happened?"

I hear him let out a few more coughs as he tries to answer
Oscar: "I'm fine, just caught a little off guard by that smoke bomb."

Rainy: "That's good. If you head that way you get out of the smoke."

Oscar: "Thanks for the directions. "

After helping Oscar get out I start heading towards the tapping sound.

???: "Guess my show's over for tonight, but I'll be back for a repeat performance, sheep!"

Candy: "Boo! Coward!"

Rainy: "Candy? You alright?"

Candy: "Yeah, I guess. Just a few scratches, nothing real bad. Sorry I couldn't nail that guy for ya, at least I gave'em a nice parting gift there."

Rainy: "I should be the one apologizing, I'm sorry you got dragged into this mess."

Candy: "Don't be sorry. I'm glad to be here to help you out. You're my best friend and I'd do anything for you."

Candy gives a lil hug.
Rainy: "Aw thanks bud!"

Candy: "Now, how do we got out of this smelly smoke cloud?"

Rainy: "We just head this wa-ah!"
Candy lifts me up again and rushes off with me.
>>
No. 796318 ID: 15a025
File 149238027296.png - (4.72KB , 800x600 , 122.png )
796318

After re-grouping with the others and healing up Candy's cuts, we find a strange locked door. It's faint, but I can hear someone crying on the other side.
Oscar: "Odd, there's no door knob or key card or...anything on the door? How are we supposed to open it?"

Door: "I don't know, you tell me smart guy?"

Oscar: "Okay...either I'm hallucinating from breathing in that gas, or that door just talked to us!"

Door: "Correct! I am a wonderfully enchanted talking door."

Candy: "Well...you wanna let us in then?"

Door: "Sorry, I can't."

Candy: "Why not? Under some orders from your locksmith or something."

Door: "Nope. Just haven't said the password yet."

Candy: "Well spill the beans, what's the password!"

Door: "Don't know, it changes every day."

Candy: "Well how do you open up then if you don't even know the password?"

Door: "Someone just sits and we talk for a bit and then suddenly I open up."

Candy: "This isn't making any sense to me door. Rainy, can't you just smash your way through him with your robot arm?"

Rainy: "I don't really feel like hurting my shoulder smashing down another magic door, sorry."

What's your thoughts on this, spooky spirits?
>>
No. 796325 ID: ca0e20

Ask if they saw a "Fluffy Bunny" running around out here.
>>
No. 796575 ID: 15a025
File 149247590952.png - (10.59KB , 800x600 , 123.png )
796575

>Ask if they saw a "Fluffy Bunny" running around out here.

Rainy: "Have you seen a fluffy bunny running around here by chance?"

Door: Hm.... Can't say I've seen a fluffy bunny. Cause I got no ahhhheess!"

Ronda: "Well that was easy. Nice Job Rainy!"


As the door creaks open, I can hear the crying get a little louder. We scramble into the room to see if we can't help them.

Oscar: "Do my eyes deceive me or is that?"

Ronda: "I think it is!"

Rainy: "What, what is it?"

Oscar: "It's the princess!"

Rainy: "Really? We found her!"

Candy: "Uh...you might want to save the celebration party for later."

Oscar: What's up?"

Jill: "Her head's is bleeding all over place!"
>>
No. 796598 ID: ca0e20

Is she the green with the orange outline? Wonder what that means.

Can Ronda heal her? I forget if Jill is a healer too.
>>
No. 796662 ID: 34a8ed

>>796598
Yeah, be careful. She looks kinda funky.
>>
No. 796664 ID: 91ee5f

>>796575
Be careful! Just because that looks like the princess, that doesn't mean she's actually the princess! For all we know, that could be someone else using magic to look like the princess and make you lower your guard!

Look around the room! 1 of those guys we were fighting earlier ran away and, unless he teleported, this room was the only direction he could run to! So that "princess" could be him in disguise! Check to see if she's been stabbed in the eye! If yes, then that's probably the same guy that Candy stabbed in the eye!

Another option is to ask if anyone knows any magic that can get rid of a magical disguise.
>>
No. 796897 ID: 15a025
File 149264196094.png - (10.67KB , 800x600 , 124.png )
796897

>Is she the green with the orange outline? Wonder what that means.
I think she is? Not sure what the colors really mean.

>Be careful! Just because that she looks like the princess, that doesn't mean she's actually the princess! For all we know, that could be someone else using magic to look like the princess and make you lower your guard!
That's a good point!

>Look around the room! 1 of those guys we were fighting earlier ran away and, unless he teleported, this room was the only direction he could run to! So that "princess" could be him in disguise! Check to see if she's been stabbed in the eye! If yes, then that's probably the same guy that Candy stabbed in the eye!
>Yeah, be careful. She looks kinda funky.
Rainy: "Wait a second, she's coming up on the blindar kind of funky. Do you know if there's an enchantment that lets someone magical disguise yourself?"

Oscar: "Are you suggesting she's an imposter Rainy?"

Ronda: "It's not out of the realm of possibility. Those hyenas we just fought seemed to have some really powerful enchantments."

Rainy: "Alright then. Candy, could you check her eyes out?"

Candy: "They look fine to me. Why?"

Rainy: "Was a little paranoid that the hyena you stabbed in the face disguised himself as the princess as a trick."

Candy: "Shoot, I never would've thought of that."

Princess?: "Please, my head..."

>Can Ronda heal her? I forget if Jill is a healer too.
Rainy: "Ronda do you think you can heal her?"

[color=green]Ronda: "I'm not sure. If she's got serious head trauma, my magic might not be enough."


Rainy: "Jill! Do you know any healing magic?"

Jill: "Sorry, the closest thing I've got to healing magic is a spell to remove small curses."

Suddenly, one of the radios go off.

Don: "This is the fiery flamingo coming in! You there fish breath?"
Oscar: "Rainy, you want to answer that for me, I'm helping Ronda with first aid over here."

Then almost at the same time, my emergency contact phone starts vibrating. Which call should I answer?
>>
No. 796924 ID: ca0e20

Don is on a radio right? You should be able to tell him "Hold on, something's up." while you answer your emergency phone.
>>
No. 796941 ID: 91ee5f

>>796897
Tell Don that while he was goofing off you found the princess. Maybe of he decided to stay with the group instead of running off like a dumbass, he'd be here to help.
>>
No. 796942 ID: 91ee5f

>>796941
Also, have Ronda heal and Jill use her remove curse spell, just in case the princess has been cursed.
>>
No. 797053 ID: 34a8ed

Yeah, tell Don to shove a sock in it. Then contemplate for a second how you can get any reception down here.
>>
No. 797102 ID: 15a025
File 149272177956.png - (9.99KB , 800x600 , 125.png )
797102

>Don is on a radio right? You should be able to tell him "Hold on, something's up." while you answer your emergency phone.
>Yeah, tell Don to shove a sock in it.
Rainy: "Hold on a second Don, something's up over here."

Don: "Whatever it is, it better be important!"

I set the radio down on the ground and pull out my emergency contact phone to take the call.
Rainy: "Hello?"

???: "Lady Brasshoof?"

Rainy: "Who is this?"

King Gort: "Now is that anyway to greet your king?"

Rainy: "Oh! I'm sorry. I can't see the call number on the phone and-wait a second, how do I know you're really the king?
"
> Then contemplate for a second how you can get any reception down here
Rainy: "And how are you able to reach my phone over long distance and when I'm several floors underground? More importantly how did you get my phone number?"

King Gort?: "Have Oscar or Don look at the caller ID. As for getting your number, you called here several times yesterday."

Rainy: "Oscar, is this the King's phone number?"

Oscar: "Yup!"

Rainy: "So...what's up?"

King Gort: "My front lawn has turned into a war zone! There's a giant army of chimeras attacking the castle, an army of badgers chanting out some weird mumbo jumbo outside, and another group running around my castle looking for you. That's not exactly why I'm calling though. I'm calling to hear what's going on your end? You alright?"
>>
No. 797456 ID: 7b65b9

Tell the king that you are doing fine, and you found the princess, but you have another important call to answer.
>>
No. 797596 ID: 15a025
File 149297249719.png - (7.79KB , 800x600 , 126.png )
797596

>Tell the king that you are doing fine, and you found the princess, but you have another important call to answer.
Rainy: "I'm doing alright. We actually just found the princess!"

King Gort: "That's wonderful. Please Hurry back with her as soon as you can!"

Rainy: "Yup. I have to go now though, I've got another important call to take here!"

King Gort: "I wish you all a safe return!"
*click*

I shove my emergency contact phone back into a pocket and grab the radio.
Rainy: "This is Rainy, you still there Don?"

Don: "Yeah, now what the hell was so important I had to wait for?"

Rainy: "Phone call from the king!"

>Tell Don that while he was goofing off you found the princess. Maybe if he decided to stay with the group instead of running off like a dumbass, he'd be here to help.
Rainy: "And we've also found the princess. Ronda's healing her up right now but we're not sure her magic's going to be enough to do the job!"

Don: "Oh...okay."

Rainy: "So what's up? You and Buddy alright?"

Don: "Kind of, sort of. We managed learn some pretty big news. It's not good news though."

Rainy: "Well, what is it?"

Don: "Buddy's all freaked out now. We were eavesdropping on some important looking people. They said several helicopters are in route to attack the castle and finish 'the ritual'."

[i][color=yellow]Buddy: "Rainy we need to head home, now!"


Rainy: "We'll talk about it. Can you and Don re-group with us?"

Buddy: "Yeah, were do you want meet up at?"
>__?
>>
No. 798867 ID: ca0e20

Ground floor. Time to leave!
>>
No. 798882 ID: 91ee5f

>>797596
Have Oscar re-dail the King and warn him that more helicopters are on the way!
>>
No. 798969 ID: 15a025
File 149357172381.png - (10.83KB , 800x600 , 127.png )
798969

>Ground floor. Time to leave!
Rainy: "Let's just meet at the back entrance we came in from on the ground floor!"

Buddy: "Sounds like a plan!"

Don: "Don't get lost down there either!"

I try to ignore Don's comment there and hand Oscar his radio back.

>Have Oscar re-dial the King and warn him that more helicopters are on the way!
I also had him my EMC-phone.

Oscar: "What's the phone for?"

Rainy: "Can you call the king and warn him there might be another group of helicopters heading for the castle."

[colro=blue]Oscar: "Sure."[/color]

Rainy: "Wait, do we have and air force that the king can send out to attack and shoot down their helicopters?"

Oscar: "Short answer is no, not really. Long answer involves a slew of political and other regulation problems. Good idea though!"

While Oscar calls the king I check up with Ronda on the princess is doing.
Ronda: "It's a crude looking job, but we've got her head wrapped up with some gauzes. My healing magic wasn't doing much of anything to heal up the wounds. I'm kind of worried."

>have Jill use her remove curse spell, just in case the princess has been cursed.
Oh shoot I almost forget about this!

Rainy: "Jill, can you use your remove curses spell on the princess? She might have some weird block healing curse on something?"

Jill: "I don't sense any on her, but I'll use it just to be safe anyway. Holy spirits, purge the petty evils that trouble this poor soul, Dispel!

Oscar comes back over and returns my phone.
Oscar: Ronda, do you think it's safe to start moving the princess out of here now?"

Ronda: "We need get her leg free first. It's chain to the wall."

Oh right. To save time, I just use the serious business arm to bust the chain off from the wall.
Oscar: "Well I guess that works?"

Ronda: "I guess she should be okay if we're carful. Rainy do you think you could carry her?"

Rainy: "Sure, no problem."
With that, we leave the room and sneak our way back to the elevator.
>>
No. 798971 ID: 15a025
File 149357186314.png - (34.22KB , 800x600 , 128.png )
798971

Unfortunately, we come across someone familiar on the elevator ride up from floor six to three.
Trish: "It's about time I found you! I've been haunting all over this place looking for you!"

Something seems a little different about Trish now. Can't really put my tongue on what though?
Rainy: "What's up...?"

Trish: "Where the hell is my...wait a second. Changing my question here. How in the hell did you find her?"

Rainy: "Who?"

Trish: "That other deer girl you're standing by. I remember you!"

Jill: "Spirit, how do you know me?"

Trish: "Heheh, I remember you and my older cousin used to sneak around, date, and get in all sorts of-"

Jill: "I think you have me mistaken for someone else."

Trish: "Like I'd mistake someone as famous as you for someone else. You know you're on some pretty pricey wanted posters over there s-"

Jill: "I don't know who you are, and would appreciate it if you'd stop. You've got me mixed up for someone else."

Trish: "No, I'm pretty sure you're...ugh, whatever. Where the hell's my body at?"
>>
No. 799007 ID: ca0e20

Well part of what I'm thinking, some of our group will stay to try and take this group down. She wants to do that too, so she'll need to be not-a-ghost. I forget who has her body though.

If it's with the other group, tell her that the person keeping her body safe is meeting up with our squad at the lobby, so she's gonna have to tag along.

If her body is here, then try propping her body sitting up against the wall and... hope for the best. I don't know if she just had to dive in her own body like a cartoon or if there has to be some sort of ritual. Either way, maybe Jill knows how?
>>
No. 799152 ID: 27bfbb

Ask Trish who her cousin was?
>>
No. 799172 ID: 15a025
File 149367712835.png - (18.05KB , 800x600 , 129.png )
799172

>Ask Trish who her cousin was?
Rainy: "Who's your cousin Trish?"

Trish: "His name was Cyril. He used to be real shy loser, and then started acting like he was hot shit after he started taming chimeras."

>I forget who has her body though. If her body is here, then try propping her body sitting up against the wall and... hope for the best. I don't know if she just had to dive in her own body like a cartoon or if there has to be some sort of ritual. Either way, maybe Jill knows how?
Buddy had Trish's body last time I checked. He might have stashed it away somewhere after he left with Don though? I can't imagine him hauling her around all this time.

>If it's with the other group, tell her that the person keeping her body safe is meeting up with our squad at the lobby, so she's gonna have to tag along.
Rainy: "Buddy was protecting your body last time I checked. If you want to tag along on with us, we're heading up to meet with him right now. Any idea on how you're supposed to get back into your body Trish?"

Trish: "No clue. I'm sure your friend over there knows how to do it."

Jill: "I'd need to see the body first."

Trish: "Okay?"

The elevator dings and lets us out. From there we sneak our way back up to the back entrance and find Buddy and co.

Rainy: "Where'd you put Trish's body Buddy?"

Don: "He's still carrying that mangy looking corpse."

Buddy: "I don't like to be a downer here, but I'm not sure we're going to be able to bring your friend back Rainy. Something in here tried taking over her body. I managed to blast it out, but it warped her bit."

Trish: "Whatever. So what do I gotta do to get back in my body?"

Buddy: "Just hop in the portal I summon and face judgment. You might also have to repent for your sins too."

Trish: "What's the worst that could happen?"

Buddy: "I'm not really sure?"

Trish: "Welp, fire that sucker up then."

I feel a cold breeze blow through the room as Trish's spirit blips off the blindar.
>>
No. 799173 ID: 15a025
File 149367722438.png - (11.22KB , 800x600 , 130.png )
799173

Don: "So are we just going to stand around and wait for her or are we going to do the smart thing and head out?"

Ashley: Wait, you're all just going to leave now? What about freeing the prisoners and bringing the people in charge of this place to justice?"

Jill: "Did you forget their trying to summon the chimera queen here as well?"

>Well part of what I'm thinking, some of our group will stay to try and take this group down.
Rainy: "Who said all of us needed to head back home?"

Oscar: Splitting up might not be a bad idea."

Don: "And how are we going to decide on who stays and who goes?"

Oscar: "I'll have to go seeing as I'm the only one who can drive the boat. I think Rainy should decide who else comes with."

Oh this is going to be a tough choice spooky spirits. I'd really like to go home myself but I'm not sure if I should? What should I do?

Please select who should stay at the enemy base and who should go to the castle
Head Count:
Rainy
Candy
Don
Ronda
Buddy
Sir Kagio and the other boat guards
Trish
Jill *may need persuading to leave
Ashley *may need persuading to leave
>>
No. 799216 ID: ca0e20

Alright, with Oscar going, I would think that Don, Kagio and the guards could go as protectors with the princess and get her back to safety.

As much as I think their team also need a healer, I think Ronda should stick with our group since we're pretty much at the front line and the other group is headed back to ally territories.

I think that might be it. The rest stays, unless they have a good reason to leave instead of staying. A smaller team (although I don't know how many guards there are) would probably move quicker to extract the princess.

... Maybe let Buddy decide if he wants to go with the other team. With Jill wanting to stay, I think he also deals with "purification"? While I think we need more muscles here, he could go with Oscar's team instead.
>>
No. 799319 ID: 34a8ed

Don and Ronda should stay as they've already scouted out this place and generally know what to expect. Without Buddy (or Jill if we can't get her to come with) their team won't be able to take on chimeras.


Still don't trust Trish. I highly doubt she came all the way out here on her own for revenge on this place (or whatever it was). As for Jill going, Buddy mentioned something about a ritual going on at the castle. That might be the one Jill's trying to stop.

Honestly, you and Candy can either or stay or go. I feel like you'd be useful at either place.
Anyone else not mentioned can decide for themselves.
>>
No. 799323 ID: 91ee5f

>>799319
Don and Ronda only scouted the outside, they have no idea what's inside this building.

Trish came out here for revenge because the bad guys turned her whole family into chimeras. But I agree that she shouldn't be trusted. Especially after all the shit she's done to Rainy.

>>799216
I think Buddy should go, otherwise Oscar's team won't have a light mage, which would be bad if they run into any chimeras on the way back.

>>799173
Hey, Rainy. I know you really want to get out of here, but.....I think you should stay. We've got to put an end to whatever is happening here, otherwise they'll just keep coming after you.

We've pretty much figured out who should stay and who should go, except for Candy. I don't know if Candy should go with Oscar or stay with you. You might want to ask her and let her decide.
>>
No. 799574 ID: 15a025
File 149385080754.png - (10.63KB , 800x600 , 131.png )
799574

>[Team Suggestions]
Rainy: "Alright, I think I've got a plan here."

Don: "Well that was quick."

Rainy: "Don and Ronda, we're going to stay here and take on the front lines with Ashley."

Don: "And here I thought you'd be crying to go home..."

>As for Jill going, Buddy mentioned something about a ritual going on at the castle. That might be the one Jill's trying to stop.
Rainy: "Jill, I'm not sure if you should stay here or go with Oscar. Don and Buddy mentioned there was some helicopters heading off to the castle to finish some ritual?"

Jill: "I'm a little hesitant to leave based just on that. They might know I'm with your group and could be using the attack as a way to bait me into leaving. It could also be some other ritual."

Rainy: "Alright then. Oscar, I want you to take Buddy and Trish back to the castle. I don't really trust that Trish isn't planning to botch our mission here."

Buddy: "Don't you worry Rainy! I'll keep her out of trouble."

Candy: "Ok...so what about me?"

Rainy: "I'm letting you decide for yourself Candy. You're my best friend. I won't make you do something you d-"

Candy: "I'm gonna stay here with you then. We gotta stick it to these losers and show them they messed with the wrong people!"

Oscar: "Alright then Buddy, grab Rainy's friend there, I'll carry the princess."

Ashley: "My two friends that you helped rescue will help guide you through the woods."

Oscar: "Thanks Ashley. We wish you the best of luck!"

Buddy: "Take my bag Rainy, you'll need the stuff in there more than I'll need now."

Rainy: "Ouf! That's a pretty heavy load Buddy!"

Candy: "Here, I'll carry that for you Rainy."

Rainy: "Thanks!"

Oscar: "Alright now, I better see you all in one piece when it comes time for me to pick you all up!"

Rainy: "I better hear you're still around to pick us after all this as well Oscar!"
Oscar: "Captain Scallop never fails his crew! Now stay safe and show'em what you're made of!"

End of Chapter!
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password