[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 741609)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 147096290357.png - (257.68KB , 574x427 , breakfast quest title.png )
741609 No. 741609 ID: 616bfd

It's early in the morning. I'm in a foreign land, I don't understand a word of the language, and I'm starving.
Expand all images
>>
No. 741611 ID: 398fe1

Use the universal language of pointing.
>>
No. 741624 ID: 616bfd
File 147096482224.png - (75.24KB , 576x530 , Scene1 Quest.png )
741624

Skorkov Park - Tellikan Country

I've been reading this sign for a while now. Supposedly, it's pointing me to a food vendor, but I don't really understand the Tellikan language. Nor any of the other three languages written on the sign.

Stupid job. Why did they have to send me of all people? I'm a terrible diplomat! So what if the Tellikans can't get along with the Raitekians? They hate my kind too! They feel our height makes us 'inferior'.

>>
No. 741626 ID: 616bfd
File 147096498099.png - (55.84KB , 364x391 , Scene2 Quest.png )
741626

Anyway, before I do anything I should probably find someone that speaks a language that I can at least partially understand. I am quite fluent in several languages, thanks to you guys, the voices in my head, but I never thought it necessary to learn any of the Tellikan Dialects.

Unless you guys have any other suggestions, I have two options:

I can search among the people in the park, but the natives may not take too kindly to a Suskenian like me walking around speaking a language they don't know.

Or, I can search for the City Center, which shouldn't be too far from here, and likely to have more touristy-type people who won't be angry with me for being foreign.
>>
No. 741627 ID: 24100f

>>741624
Why are you the diplomat if you can't do the local culture or local languages. Did whoever set this up want you to fail?

If you can't read the menu, you're going to need to talk to someone. Hopefully you can speak one of the local languages even if you can't read it?
>>
No. 741628 ID: 15a025

Hit up the city center.
>>
No. 741639 ID: 91ee5f

You hear voices in your head? Don't tell anyone or they'll think you're crazy!

Anyways, I think you should head over to the City Center.
>>
No. 741650 ID: 4e9864

>>741627
> Why are you the diplomat if you can't do the local culture or local languages. Did whoever set this up want you to fail?

This. Do you not speak either Tellikan or Raitekian? And you're expected to help the two get along?

How did you end up in this position? What information were you provided?

For the short-term goals of getting food and getting oriented, head towards the City Center with the tourists.

But you're going to need to learn the languages fairly quickly. Is there magic in your world, such as magical translation or language-learning? If not, then you'd better hope this is a long-term mission, and start immersing yourself in a role that'll allow you to learn one or more of the local languages.
>>
No. 741727 ID: db0da2

Head for the city center.

Try the universal greeting, "ba weep gra na weep ninny bong". The universal greeting works every time.
>>
No. 741773 ID: 616bfd
File 147101215578.png - (57.78KB , 364x391 , To da city.png )
741773

>>741628

This seems like the best course of action for now.

I'll answer some questions along the way.

>>
No. 741774 ID: 616bfd
File 147101245226.png - (49.98KB , 590x590 , Joe Anger 2.png )
741774

>Do you not speak either Tellikan or Raitekian?

Technically, I only don't speak Tellikan. I had been sent to the Raitekian lands a while back to set up an embassy with them, so I can understand Raitekians if they speak slowly. This WOULD help, if there were any around, but I'm in the Tellikan Capital City. I never really had the chance to prepare for this mission in that way. I know a few important words (such as help), but that's about it.

>Why are you the diplomat if you can't do the local culture or local languages.

Well, the language is one thing, but learning about the culture and history is no problem. As a child, I was fascinated by the other species and cultures, so I have years of studying them under my belt. The language thing never really came around, since that would require more intense studying, something I couldn't necessarily do in my limited free time.

>Did whoever set this up want you to fail?

>How did you end up in this position?

Well, I have two theories...

The first one, is that my knowledge and passion for the Raitekian and Tellikan culture and history were noticed, and nobody else was quite as knowledgeable of the situation, making me the natural choice.

or...

My superiors learned of experiences I'd had in the past with Tellikans. I'd had a short relationship with a Tellikan named Karehem, but it didn't work out. Technically, relations with 'foreign entities' shouldn't have allowed me to get the job I have, on the grounds that I should be 'biased' for or against the Tellikans now. But, I knew that it wouldn't be a problem, so I may have left that part out when I applied for the job. Anyway, my superiors may have found out and are trying to tell me something, without actually telling me anything. They may be punishing me with a 'suicide mission', which if I fail, I will have reignited the flames of war between two entities who want peace badly enough to call others for help.


>What information were you provided?

I'm meant to attend the peace meetings and represent my country in deciding what would be best for them and what would be best for the world. Another species called Toboleans will be leading the meeting, and there will be eleven other representatives like me. The first meeting is when we all hear the situation, and try to decide how to best resolve the issues without favoring either party. If that doesn't work, there will be a second meeting in which the two parties will formulate what they think would be the best resolution, again without favoring either party, an the representatives will debate and compromise with them. This will continue until everyone is worn down enough to settle for pretty much anything, or negotiations fail and they return to a state of warfare.

It's not likely to actually proceed in exactly this manner though. Think more yelling, more arguing, and less getting anything accomplished.

>>
No. 741775 ID: 616bfd
File 147101258289.png - (69.40KB , 541x657 , Scene3 Quest.png )
741775

...

I'd forgotten how big they were...

>>
No. 741787 ID: dfdb1e

About the size difference... How exactly would that relationship work?
>>
No. 741795 ID: 616bfd
File 147102007606.png - (56.00KB , 590x590 , Joe Anger blush.png )
741795

>>741787
>How exactly would that relationship work?

It didn't.

But I'm over it now.

Anyway, I can hear a crowd, so I must be getting close to the City Center.

>>
No. 741796 ID: 616bfd
File 147102013595.png - (125.25KB , 1086x803 , scene4 Quest Point.png )
741796

City Center - Tellik

Wow, this place is huge! And filled with people with two legs!

There's a Giant Statue right in the middle of the plaza.

There are buildings all around, too.

There appears to be an Inn to the East, Market Stalls to the West, a building with a sign that looks like Food! to the North.

There's a path leading to the Docks also to the North.

There also seems to be a commotion nearby to the statue, with people gathered around in a circle yelling. I wonder what that could be about...

>>
No. 741806 ID: 91ee5f

>>741795
I bet there was lots of lube involved so that way he could fit it in.~~~ :3

Anyways, you should go to the Market Stalls and hope they're selling a translation book of some kind.

By the way, what's your name and gender? And why did they put you, a crazy person that hears voices in their head, in charge of such an important task?
>>
No. 741825 ID: dfdb1e

So the poor judgment and tendance to get yourself in weird situations aren't new. Good to know.
Say... Suppose you get to meet this ex-lover. How do you think they would react? Would that be beneficial or detrimental to your mission?

Try to avoid the crowd. Whatever is going on you probable won't be able to understand. Getting involve would only risk problems without any chance of benefit.
A translation book would be great for the later, but for now you need to find people you can communicate with. You can approach people on your path for the chance they speak a language you can understand, but even if they do don't expect much help from people busy going somewhere.
Go to the vendors. Since they deal with foreigners at least one of them probable know some dialect you are familiar with. Even if they aren't willing to help, they probable can indicate where you can find people who can.
>>
No. 741835 ID: 398fe1

>>741796
Find someone you can talk to and ask what the commotion is.
>>
No. 741903 ID: 24100f

>Anyway, my superiors may have found out and are trying to tell me something, without actually telling me anything. They may be punishing me with a 'suicide mission', which if I fail, I will have reignited the flames of war between two entities
You... think you're working with people who are petty enough to risk a war to teach you a lesson? Over not disclosing one petty conflict of interest? Wow.
>>
No. 741920 ID: 616bfd
File 147106150265.png - (13.96KB , 197x255 , Joe indifferent.png )
741920

>>741903

You'd be surprised with how callous and vindictive the important people are. Plus, it's war in a faraway land involving unfamiliar and different people. They probably don't care. They haven't really given me many reason to think otherwise, the only reason I'm here, is basically pressure from other more influential countries.

Then again, I never said I knew for sure that they'd done it for this reason, or if they even know at all. There could be plenty of other reasons.

>>
No. 741986 ID: 616bfd
File 147111415657.png - (130.42KB , 1098x875 , scene5 town.png )
741986

>And why did they put you, a crazy person that hears voices in their head, in charge of such an important task?

We all have voices in our head, it's part of the Suskenian charm. I don't know where you got the idea that I as crazy.

>you should go to the Market Stalls and hope they're selling a translation book of some kind.

>Find someone you can talk to and ask what the commotion is.

A brilliant idea! There's likely to be a food vendor in the market too.
>>
No. 741987 ID: 616bfd
File 147111421575.png - (88.78KB , 532x632 , Scene5 Quest.png )
741987

Of course the shops are all run by tall people. I ought to use my most fluent language first.

"Excuse me, do you speak this language?"

The vendor looks surprised.

"I do, but, who said that?"

"I'm down here sir."

Have I mentioned yet how much I dislike being short?
>>
No. 741988 ID: 616bfd
File 147111433525.png - (113.79KB , 658x654 , scene5 b.png )
741988

"Oh, there you are! How can I help you?"

"I was wondering if you could tell me what that commotion over there was about."

"Oh that? I don't really know exactly, but it's probably a fight. We get a lot of that around here, and all the different beings that come here don't really help. No offense."

"Can I help you with anything else?"


"Do you have any books on the Tellikan languages and dialects? I don't speak a word of it and it would really help me out."

"I'm afraid I don't. But, the vendor over there has some books, she may have one on languages."

[i]Now what? Should I stay and see what this vendor has, or should I leave now?

My immediate priorities are:
The translation books.
Getting something to eat.
>>
No. 741989 ID: 90f3c0

Ask them if they know of any restaurants where the staff might speak the right language. Then check out the book vendor and see if there is anything helpful.
>>
No. 742005 ID: 4e9864

>>741988
This vendor was nice enough to help you out and direct you; you should at least ask what they sell. (And their name, for that matter.)

Then ask them where they'd recommend for good food. Somewhere that they would enjoy, not necessarily somewhere touristy.

A question asked earlier:
> Is there magic in your world, such as magical translation or language-learning?

If so, you might want to seek that out as a faster solution. If not, head over to the bookseller and look for books on the local language.
>>
No. 742007 ID: 398fe1

I feel like a diplomat should consider breaking up a fight like that... but can we? I mean with the language barrier... If can break up the fight you might make a friend, which would be very useful.
>>
No. 742015 ID: 1e1842

Hey! You didn't answer my questions!

What is your name and are you a boy or a girl?

>>742005
>Then ask them where they'd recommend for good food. Somewhere that they would enjoy, not necessarily somewhere touristy.
We should also ask for a place that doesn't have a language barrier.
>>
No. 742875 ID: 616bfd
File 147144737636.png - (10.44KB , 199x207 , joe uncomfortable.png )
742875

>Hey! You didn't answer my questions!

>What is your name and are you a boy or a girl?

Listen, I wasn't IGNORING you. My name is Jaa, but I just... don't feel comfortable talking about the other part, okay?


Author Note: Sorry about not updating for the past few days, I'm moving into a new dorm this weekend, and I don't have lots of time to work on this. When I get all settled, updates should be regular about once every other day.
>>
No. 742884 ID: 616bfd
File 147145530156.png - (13.96KB , 197x255 , Joe indifferent.png )
742884

>I feel like a diplomat should consider breaking up a fight like that... but can we? I mean with the language barrier... If can break up the fight you might make a friend, which would be very useful.

You make a very good point. The problem is, I don't know if we can efficiently translate on our own, even with a translating book. Not to mention...

> Is there magic in your world, such as magical translation or language-learning?

...unfortunately there is no magic here.
>>
No. 742885 ID: 616bfd
File 147145534312.png - (114.64KB , 663x677 , Scene6 a.png )
742885

>This vendor was nice enough to help you out and direct you; you should at least ask what they sell. (And their name, for that matter.)

"What's your name, sir? And what are you selling?"

"I am Lyulya, at your service. I supply fresh fish and produce, fished in the sea over there, and grown from my farm. I also prepare street food for tourists."

Wow. Convenient.
>>
No. 742886 ID: 616bfd
File 147145535863.png - (109.72KB , 885x885 , scene6 b.png )
742886

"Here's a list of the veggies I grow on the farm, and their prices."

There are lots of items on the list, but since I don't eat fish because I'm an herbivore, the items on list that are appealing to me are a Plain Salad or a Salad with Radishes. The plain salad is 128C and the salad with radishes is 197C. I'm carrying 1,152C with me right now.
>>
No. 742930 ID: 398fe1

>>742886
I'd say go with the plain salad for now until we're sure about living expenses here and make a proper budget to ensure you don't go broke.
>>
No. 742958 ID: 91ee5f

>>742886
Let's go with plain salad.

>>742875
What? All you have to do is check your pants for boy parts or girl parts. Unless.....do you have both boy and girl parts? Or do you not have either?
>>
No. 742959 ID: 398fe1

>>742958
Filenames call them Joe, they call themselves Jaa, so I'm guessing this is a transgender thing.
>>
No. 743020 ID: 4e9864

>>742886
Do those prices seem vaguely reasonable? How much would the same salad have cost back home?

If the price seems completely ridiculous, skip it for a bit and check out a few other options before deciding. If the price seems reasonable or only slightly high, go ahead and pick up the plain salad. If the price seems particularly low...then you brought far too little money.

Is that all the money you have, or just what you happen to have on you right now? Do you have access to additional funds? (Are there banks?) Are those your personal funds, or did your employers supply them?
>>
No. 743485 ID: 339cf2
File 147173229805.jpg - (227.42KB , 650x488 , broken_laptop.jpg )
743485

Sorry for not being a Quest Update.

You know how I said I would get back to doing this? Well, my computer broke, and I have to get a new one. Fortunately, I got a good deal from Best Buy, and if everything goes as planned, I should have it by the 24th of this month!

Until then, sorry I'll be down for a little while.

(The image is not my computer, though damages are of a similar caliber)
>>
No. 744105 ID: 339cf2

Okidoke, my new computer has been delivered! I just need to get it all set up, and get all the software and whatnot on.

Expect a new update by Friday!
>>
No. 744327 ID: 339cf2
File 147215032102.gif - (37.15KB , 347x295 , Plain Salad.gif )
744327

>Let's go with plain salad.

"Here's 128C, for the Plain Salad, please."

I hand him the money.

"Thank you, and here is your salad!" He says, handing me the salad.
>>
No. 744328 ID: 339cf2
File 147215033044.png - (33.64KB , 288x392 , salad get!.png )
744328

[i]Okay, now that we have some Breakfast, I ought to go the the Book Shop.
>>
No. 744329 ID: 339cf2
File 147215036752.png - (144.23KB , 851x852 , Scene 8.png )
744329

Wait, the book lady is a Raitekian? She must get a lot of hate from the locals due to the wars. I suppose it's a good thing I'm here.

"Good morning, ma'am." I say in my best, most polite Common Raitekian.

"Oh my, I haven't heard words like that in a while..." She says, surprised. "How can I help you?"

How can she help us?
>>
No. 744350 ID: 398fe1

Ask for help with your translation issues.

I wonder if you can outright hire a translator and bill it as job expenses? You are compensated for those right?
>>
No. 744394 ID: ba506f

is it just me or does it look like there are bags under her eyes? Hope she's doing alright.

Also ask her whats been going on around town lately, never hurts to find out whats going on.
>>
No. 744406 ID: 91ee5f

>>744329
Ask if she's got a translation book that can help you with the language barrier.

And is it just me or is her underwear sticking out of the back of her pants? Is she aware of that? Maybe you should tell her before someone else notices.

Also, her eyes make her look like she's been crying, ask her if she's feeling ok.
>>
No. 744437 ID: 339cf2
File 147217912181.png - (34.83KB , 515x310 , scene9.png )
744437

>is it just me or is her underwear sticking out of the back of her pants?

Well, technically yes. That is called a tail cover, some Raitekians and Tellikans wear them because they believe that they're susceptible to 'Negativity Attack' or something, and that general area is pretty vulnerable. It's an old religious tradition, but most don't wear them anymore, due to the high temperatures around here. Anyway, it's not really about 'decency', and not something to worry about.

>I wonder if you can outright hire a translator and bill it as job expenses? You are compensated for those right?

I might be able to find and hire a personal translator, though it would be on my own budget. I don't get a translator during personal time (ie right now), only during the conference and meetings with other representatives/officials/etc.

>is it just me or does it look like there are bags under her eyes?

She does look a bit tired, I ought to ask how she's doing.

"Are you doing okay? You have bags underneath your eyes."

"Oh, don't you worry about me. I'm a just little tired, that's all. The days are longer here than where I come from, so I can't get as much sleep."

>Ask if she's got a translation book that can help you with the language barrier.

"Do you happen to have a book relating to the Tellikan languages, specifically translating to and from another language?"

"I'm sorry, I'm afraid I don't. I have books in Common Raitekian and Skuvarsh, though, if you're interested."

I don't think I need one. Most of her books appear to be on the Raitekian and Tellikan spiritual beliefs, which are horribly outdated.

>Also ask her whats been going on around town lately,

"Do you know of anything going on around here?"

"Not very much. There's the market that you're in, at the moment. In a couple days we'll be having a sacrificing ceremony, in order to bring good luck to the peacekeepers. You should come, it'll be fun!"
>>
No. 744438 ID: 339cf2
File 147217913018.png - (29.58KB , 469x358 , oh.png )
744438

>sacrificing ceremony

Wait...what?
>>
No. 744439 ID: 339cf2
File 147217913883.png - (28.73KB , 564x233 , scen9b.png )
744439

She continues speaking, like she didn't just talk about killing someone for peace.

"Speaking of which, you're the Suskenian representative, right? I want to give you this."

She hands me her necklace. It's purple, and seems to almost glow.

"I can't help you find your translating book," She continues "but take this at least. It'll help you understand potentially confusing situations, which may also help you understand the locals a bit better."

"O-oh. Ok, thanks?"

That was kind of strange. Sacrifice? She said it so casually, and then just gave me her necklace, for free. I've always thought Raitekians were a bit strange, but this is my first major encounter with one in the field... I wonder if they're all like this...
>>
No. 744448 ID: 398fe1

>>744439
Sacrificing doesn't necessarily mean killing a person. It could mean giving up something, or killing a sacrificial animal.

Ask why the necklace will help. Um, is it magic or what?
>>
No. 744473 ID: 91ee5f

The way you explained the tail cover makes it sound like it's supposed to protect against getting raped. Although, I'm pretty sure you didn't mean to explain it that way.

Accept her gift to you and say thank you. Try using it now, because this whole sacrifice thing sounds like a potentially confusing situation you need some help to understand.
>>
No. 744501 ID: 9439d6

You know the ceremony could mean sacrificing something other then people. It could be something as simple as giving away something the individual owns to someone else to build karma or something like that. If you truly want to know more as the shop keep here about it and maybe a name since she did just give you a free neckless. Maybe also buy a book just to be kind, not one of the spiritual books but maybe just a book to read in your free time for pleasure.
>>
No. 744545 ID: 339cf2
File 147223291561.png - (20.62KB , 302x352 , Tori Laughing.png )
744545

>The way you explained the tail cover makes it sound like it's supposed to protect against getting raped. Although, I'm pretty sure you didn't mean to explain it that way.

It was not meant to be explained this way. The so called 'Negativity Attack' could mean several things, though nothing physical. Most often, they believe that being around a negative person (Someone who's angry, pessimistic, etc.) will make you susceptible to sort of 'adopt' their negativity, worsening your own life experience. The Attack is when someone is directly trying to make your life worse. Like my boss.

Not to mention a rapist could easily remove one if he or she wanted to.


>Sacrificing doesn't necessarily mean killing a person. It could mean giving up something, or killing a sacrificial animal.

>You know the ceremony could mean sacrificing something other then people. It could be something as simple as giving away something the individual owns to someone else to build karma or something like that.

That's a good point. I'm lucky I have you guys to help me out, otherwise I'd be done for!

"This sacrifice thing. You don't sacrifice people, do you?"

She laughs at me!

"No no, it's not that kind of sacrifice. We bring something dear to us, or of great value, and cast it into a large bonfire. But no living beings!"

That clarifies it a bit.
>>
No. 744547 ID: 339cf2
File 147223317927.png - (18.74KB , 270x267 , Necklace Take.png )
744547

>Accept her gift to you and say thank you.

"Thank you very much for this."

"You're welcome! I was going to bring it to the ceremony, but it wants to go with you. They have a way of letting you know they want to go."

>Um, is it magic or what?

"So, what does it actually do?"

"It clears away any distractions, and negative energies, and focuses on what's important. It'll clarify things if you're having trouble understanding what someone means."

"Like, magic?"

"Yes! Very similar to magic."

This sounds like baloney... But I still appreciate the gift.
>>
No. 744548 ID: 339cf2
File 147223318594.png - (35.82KB , 315x294 , Book Tellikan History.png )
744548

>If you truly want to know more as the shop keep here about it and maybe a name since she did just give you a free neckless. Maybe also buy a book just to be kind, not one of the spiritual books but maybe just a book to read in your free time for pleasure.

"Excuse me, what's your name?"

"My name is Toōravël. But, the locals just call me Tori, since it's easier to say in their accent."

I ought to look for a book that may be intersting.

This book looks interesting. It's written in Common Raitekian, so I'll be able to read it. It's titled, "Tellikans, the history and Traditions" This could be useful in the future.

I have 1,024C left over from the Salad for today. The book will cost me 320C. A bit expensive, but not too bad for a book of it's size.

>>
No. 744571 ID: ba506f

well I guess we should probably try and find a hotel or something before it get's to late then try and figure out how we're going to get past the language barrier and do the job we were sent here to do.
>>
No. 744572 ID: 91ee5f

That looks like a good book. Go ahead and buy it.

The necklace wanted to go with you? It let Tori know it wanted to go with you? Does that necklace have voices in it or something?

I just now noticed she's not wearing a shirt. I'm guessing that doesn't count as public indecency for her.....maybe? I wonder if she's cold from not wearing a shirt?
>>
No. 744932 ID: 339cf2
File 147242376828.png - (46.72KB , 589x318 , talking necklace.png )
744932

>Does that necklace have voices in it or something?

I don't know. I'll check.

"...Hello?"

The necklace remains silent.

I don't know what I expected.

> I wonder if she's cold from not wearing a shirt?

Probably not. This part of the world is pretty hot, the city we're actually in was built in out of the middle of the Desert, so shirtlessness is sometimes required to stay at a reasonable temperature.
>>
No. 744933 ID: 339cf2
File 147242377877.png - (67.82KB , 594x714 , scene 10 a.png )
744933

>That looks like a good book. Go ahead and buy it.

Agreed. And besides, I never got the chance to do any serious research into the Tellikans' beliefs. This will be a good chance to learn more in depth.

"I'd like to buy this one please. Here's 320C."

"Thank you, dear. That's a good one, helped me get to where I am. Without, I don't know if the Tellnikandi would ever let me around! I appreciate what you and the other nations are doing for us, so very selfless. Make sure you're careful though, some are going to the conference for selfish reasons, that'll only benefit them. Don't be one of them, ok?"

"Uh, ok."

She's obviously very concerned about the peace conference, and rightly so. If there's successful peace, it'll pave the way for Tellikans and Raitekians to integrate with each other.
>>
No. 744934 ID: 339cf2
File 147242378549.png - (134.20KB , 1086x803 , Scene 10.png )
744934

>well I guess we should probably try and find a hotel or something before it get's to late

Good idea. I think I saw one earlier, when I was on the way here.

I'm about to reach the hotel, and I'm passing by the mob of people--
>>
No. 744935 ID: 339cf2
File 147242379454.png - (69.51KB , 630x727 , Scene 10_5.png )
744935

Whoa! Someone just grabbed my shirt!

"Äitlava! Tcho Sovsaku nēn i'es! Tchōu nit trugar'es, Riisteluk kej Telliuk namtę keorës!"

What? I hardly understood any of that. Something about the Tellikans and Raitekians?
>>
No. 744942 ID: ba506f

well he doesn't look pissed so there's that.

Uh, start speaking languages until you hit one that he can hopeful understand... failing that try using hand jesters until we can figure out what he wants.
>>
No. 744957 ID: dfdb1e

He doesn't look angry, and that is somehow worst. In what situation would be acceptable to lift a stranger by their clothing in the middle of the street? This person either know your role as ambassador or is making assumptions based on your last interaction. So he is either threatening you for seeking peace or is threatening you for been a spy.
You need to convey to him that he need to put you down, you don't understand him and the food vendor can translate if necessary. If he think you are a spy it's probable best to keep him away from that Raitekian lady.
>>
No. 744974 ID: 91ee5f

Hmmm..... Well if you talking to the necklace doesn't work, then I guess we can give it a try.

*ahem*
Excuse me? Necklace? You can help with understanding potentially confusing situations, right? Well, with the language barrier and suddenly getting picked up off the ground by a stranger, Jaa could really use your help right about now! Please?
>>
No. 744990 ID: 4e9864

>>744935
> Uh, start speaking languages until you hit one that he can hopeful understand... failing that try using hand jesters until we can figure out what he wants.

This. And hold the necklace in your hand while attempting languages.
>>
No. 745051 ID: 93244f

Let's avoid jumping to any conclusions. They seem in a hurry, looking for help possibly, so don't act too calm when speaking a language they can't understand. That'd just worry them more.
Try to convey somehow that you can't speak their language, still, but we don't necessarily have to rule out the idea that they can speak other languages.
>>
No. 745374 ID: 339cf2
File 147261137466.png - (50.24KB , 362x612 , scene 11 b.png )
745374

>You need to convey to him that he need to put you down

>try using hand jesters

>And hold the necklace in your hand while attempting languages

>Uh, start speaking languages until you hit one that he can hopeful understand

I try to convey the fact that I can't breathe using my hand, while I look for the necklace with the other. Embarrassed, he quickly puts me down and, apologizes.

"Kiēlō… Täikova enteskao brog's, tiil. Täikova tchovï trug tchov!"

There are better ways of getting my attention...
>>
No. 745375 ID: 339cf2
File 147261140767.png - (25.28KB , 287x429 , scene 11c.png )
745375

I hold out the necklace, hoping he understands its supposed meaning, and try to explain that I can't understand him.

"I'm sorry, but I don't understand you." I say in Raitekian, as that's the only other language I can think of that he may know.

Fortunately, it seems he understands. But he looks taken aback, uncomfortable.

"Do you speak this language?"

"...A little bit, a little." He says.

He speaks slowly, and heavily accented. He's clearly not fluent, which is already better than expected of someone speaking the language of 'The Enemy'.
>>
No. 745376 ID: 339cf2
File 147261142194.png - (17.58KB , 232x398 , Kori Explain.png )
745376

"What did you need my help with?"

He looks around uncomfortably, and finally says
"Sister of mine, fighting there! You fighting ender, you stop them! They hurt them!"

Ok, from his limited use of the language, I've gathered that he belongs to the big fight over by the Hotel. He seems concerned about his sister(?) who is in the middle of it, and wants me to intervene. But how could I do that, they're like, four times my size.

"You say like Riistelui, in this speak. You say them stop!"

He takes my arm, and begins to pull me to the fight. Should I let him, and try to intervene? I don't know if I'll actually be able to get in there, but I may be able to talk them down.
>>
No. 745380 ID: 398fe1

>>745376
Well if the crowd is made of people bigger than you, can't you just weave between their legs to get to the middle?

Ask his sister's name, and who the aggressor is, maybe what the fight is about.
>>
No. 745387 ID: 4e9864

>>745376
>Riistelui

Quickly ask him what this means. He was taken about by us speaking Raitekian; maybe speaking it authoritatively to them might help us bluff our way to stopping the fight?
>>
No. 745416 ID: ba506f

might as well see the fight. I mean we're going to need an idea of what is actually going on and seeing things would help. Then once we do that we can decide what to do next.
>>
No. 745480 ID: 339cf2
File 147268283956.png - (70.70KB , 803x785 , scene 12 a.png )
745480

> >Riistelui
>
>Quickly ask him what this means.

No need, I already know. In different languages, we call each other different things. This is what we all call each other.

The rows are the languages associated with that race, and the columns are what the races are called in the different language.

>>
No. 745481 ID: 339cf2
File 147268285602.png - (57.43KB , 574x668 , scene 12 b.png )
745481

>Well if the crowd is made of people bigger than you, can't you just weave between their legs to get to the middle?

I was more worried about what would happen if I had to get physically involved. As much as I like to think I'm 'all that', I don't think I'd be able to hold my own against one of them, let alone two.
>>
No. 745482 ID: 339cf2
File 147268286698.png - (37.67KB , 447x415 , scene 12 c.png )
745482

>Ask his sister's name, and who the aggressor is, maybe what the fight is about.

"So, what happened? What's this fight all about?"

He picks me up and places me on his shoulders, so we can move quicker and hear each other better.

"Sister of mine, she is Eliënqi. She get angry with Riistelu who saying bad about Telmangkh. She say stop, Riistelu not stop, and they fight. Riistelu very strong, Eliri not very strong. You make them stop."

It appears as though there was a Raitekian offending his sister, and she demanded he stop. He didn't stop, and so she tried beating him up, but it didn't go as planned. This guy says the Raitekian is much stronger than Eliri, and she isn't winning.

>He was taken about by us speaking Raitekian; maybe speaking it authoritatively to them might help us bluff our way to stopping the fight?

That's what I'm hoping. If that doesn't work, I may be able to convince them that peace is in their best interests, considering my future plans of bringing peace to the nations.
>>
No. 745483 ID: ba506f

we could try and get him to back off by pointing out that by fighting a suskenian in a suskenian town might come back in bite him in the ass.
>>
No. 745543 ID: 339cf2
File 147275855878.png - (44.04KB , 348x326 , scene 13a.png )
745543

>>745483

>suskenian

I'm going to assume you meant Tellikan, as I'm a Suskenian, and we're in a Tellikan town?

Anyway, that could be a good point, but it looks like the Tellikans that are gathered are just watching, not intervening. They're also yelling. I don't understand what their saying, but it doesn't sound like stop. More like encouragement. Public fighting is one of the most popular forms of entertainment, they may think it's a type of competition for their entertainment. I don't know...


Our friend brings us to the front of the mob, and yells out to the fighters in Tellikan.

"Läite! Tomap' nùove gleikdt'e!"
>>
No. 745544 ID: 339cf2
File 147275859848.png - (65.93KB , 369x466 , scene 13b.png )
745544

The Raitekian doesn't even look at him, but yells back in Raitekian:

"Why don't you shut up, and make me!"

Our Tellikan friend puts me back on the ground and looks at me.

"Make them stop!"

What should I say to get them to stop fighting?
>>
No. 745569 ID: ba506f

this place have law enforcement? Hopefully pointing that out might get him to stop if he's afraid their might be legal action or something against his ass... kinda shooting in the dark here as I don't know local law or customs and we don't really have the strength or friends to go in there and physically separate the two of them.

>I'm going to assume you meant Tellikan
... yes, yes I did I'm just an idiot who can never get names right.
>>
No. 745578 ID: 91ee5f

>>745544
>"Why don't you shut up, and make me!"
Oh, thank goodness! One of them speaks a language you can speak, that makes this so much easier!

>"Make them stop!"
He doesn't care who wins this fight, he only wants it to stop.

So, first, we should explain what our job is because it's your job to negotiate. Then tell him to stop choking her and ask who started it and what was said. If it was a minor insult, like about his looks or about his smell, tell him it's not worth starting another war over. If it was a big insult, like about his culture or about his religion, well.....that'll make this much harder. Basically, what you're trying to do here is to have everyone still alive at the end of the conversation.
>>
No. 745586 ID: dfdb1e

Stop when something works:
1. Ascertain the situation: "Why are you fighting?"
2. Try to reason: "Is it really worth fighting?", "This problem can be solved peacefully."
3. Appeal to their awareness: "You are making a scene in the middle of the marked!", "Look how far this got."
4. Propose alternatives: "Wouldn't your arguments be more valid in a proper debate?", "Why don't you prove who is better in a sportive competition?"
5. Do something stupid: Time to put yourself in danger by putting yourself between two aggressive giants!
>>
No. 745588 ID: 398fe1

>>745544
Tell him he's made his point. He's already won. He should stop before he breaks anything.
>>
No. 745948 ID: 616bfd
File 147295754221.png - (60.99KB , 574x548 , scene 14a.png )
745948

>this place have law enforcement? Hopefully pointing that out might get him to stop if he's afraid their might be legal action or something against his ass

Unfortunately, this part of the world hasn't exactly been known to have the most impressive legal system... The attacker, despite being Raitekian in a clearly anti-Raitekian land, is unlikely to have much to fear. Besides maybe vigilantes, but those guys have mostly gone to the front lines as soldiers.

>Tell him he's made his point. He's already won. He should stop before he breaks anything.

Right. Perhaps I could use logic to get her to come to her senses.

I take a deep breath, and walk up to the fight. In my most confident, intimidating, and professional voice, I say:

"I think that's quite enough."

The Raitekian looks startled, and quickly looks at me, likely curious as to who has the audacity to order her around like that.

Before coming to the realization that it's international politics telling her to stop. Her grip around Eliri loosens, and she manages to escape, falling to the ground coughing.

"Now, maybe we can talk about this?" I say.

But the Raitekian doesn't answer, she simply scans the surroundings as if only just noticing the massive mob.
>>
No. 745949 ID: 616bfd
File 147295756004.png - (49.83KB , 385x518 , scene 14b.png )
745949

She quickly gets up, mumbling to herself.

"No, this is very bad. Very bad..." She keeps repeating.

"Listen, we can talk. It doesn't have to be bad."

"No!" She says quickly. "I need to go!"

She quickly runs off, parting the audience who is now slowly dispersing.

"Wait!" I begin, but GOOD GRIEF is she fast. She's out of sight in almost seconds.

Well, so much for diplomacy. But the important thing is that she let Eliri go, with minimal death...
>>
No. 745950 ID: 616bfd
File 147295757133.png - (29.10KB , 361x337 , scene 14c.png )
745950

"Jekertoi naijakem!" Eliri says, "Nùo ëfes kirn pair'es fē klokstuk forn'eš." Her brother quickly rushes over, and they begin talking to each other.

I don't really know what to make of this... I'll have to see if I can find that Raitekian again, and I think I know how...
>>
No. 745951 ID: 616bfd
File 147295758187.png - (2.53KB , 32x46 , scene 14d.png )
745951

I recognized her shirt, it's the uniform that all the employees in the Katreš Fishing and Trading company. They're pretty much the largest exporter of fish and marine goods worldwide, and they stop by in the Tellikan Countries every once in a while. I'll see if I can figure out where they're staying, and see what's going on.

"Hey, Sovsaku." Eliri calls through my train of thought. "Thank you, I should've known better than to pick a fight. I just get really hot-headed sometimes...

Anyway, I think you may have just saved my life. If you need anything, you should come visit me in the Yellow District. It's written 'Tuk Ameer' on the road signs."

"You're welcome, that's what I'm here to do I suppose."

Eliri and her brother smile and walk off.

I think the excitement is over for the moment. I need to get to that hotel so I have somewhere to stay.
>>
No. 745952 ID: 616bfd
File 147295760399.png - (54.45KB , 427x372 , Chapter 1 End.png )
745952

End Chapter 1
>>
No. 746401 ID: 339cf2
File 147312717997.png - (289.02KB , 713x892 , ch2 scene 1a.png )
746401

Wow. It's very dark here.

And I'm really angry.

>>
No. 746402 ID: 339cf2
File 147312720204.png - (113.41KB , 399x466 , ch2 scene 2b.png )
746402

AND I CAN'T FOR THE LIFE OF ME REMEMBER WHY I'M SO FURIOUS.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? WHY AM I THIS WAY?

>>
No. 746420 ID: 91ee5f

You're mad because you were sent as a diplomat to a place where you don't understand the language.

You're mad because someone stole your clothes.

You're mad because it's really foggy and you can't see shit.

Am I anywhere close to why you're mad or should I keep guessing?
>>
No. 746425 ID: 4854ef

You may be asleep, dreaming, and the stress of it all may be catching up to you. While telling you to relax won't help, it may be best to settle down, think of calmer, more pleasant times.
>>
No. 746428 ID: 398fe1

Somebody STOLE YOUR SWEETROLL!
>>
No. 746481 ID: 339cf2
File 147313475796.png - (122.35KB , 400x559 , Ch2 scene 2a.png )
746481

No. Someone's here. It's them!
>>
No. 746482 ID: 339cf2
File 147313476518.png - (173.08KB , 552x416 , ch2 scene 2b.png )
746482

They set us up! They're the one's that made it like this!

They betrayed us!


«Almehi kum tua?»
>>
No. 746483 ID: 339cf2
File 147313477465.png - (176.13KB , 539x456 , Ch2 scene 2c.png )
746483

«Dehi na Tsetsa tua, na Tsetsa maregoki ulo tita markol!»
>>
No. 746484 ID: 339cf2
File 147313477839.png - (184.72KB , 539x456 , Ch2 scene 2d.png )
746484

«Dehi kvoch noh! Dehi ihi ovalh!»
>>
No. 746485 ID: 339cf2
File 147313478393.png - (270.53KB , 539x456 , Ch2 scene 2e.png )
746485

«Dehi ihi tua...»
>>
No. 746487 ID: 91ee5f

You're dreaming things that don't make sense! Wake up, Jaa!
>>
No. 746494 ID: 398fe1

>>746485
Is this a recovered memory of someone using mental magic against you?
>>
No. 746525 ID: ba506f

I think I found out why you're angry, even while dreaming you're still not able to understand what people are saying. I think all of this is just your subconscious telling you that your boss is a dick.
>>
No. 746681 ID: 339cf2
File 147321374619.png - (25.37KB , 318x413 , Ch2 scene 3a.png )
746681

>>746487
>You're dreaming things that don't make sense! Wake up, Jaa!


Whoa!

That was intense!

I don't think I've ever had a dream like that before...

>>
No. 746682 ID: 339cf2
File 147321375356.png - (23.09KB , 388x271 , Ch2 scene 3b.png )
746682

>the stress of it all may be catching up to you.

That could be it. Yesterday was pretty stressful, what with landing myself in a country I don't understand and all.
>>
No. 746683 ID: 339cf2
File 147321376214.png - (17.36KB , 232x255 , Ch2 scene 3c.png )
746683

I think it could also be from that book I got, I was reading it before sleeping. There's some interesting stuff in there, besides all the 'Spirituality' and 'Enrgies' and stuff. There's some nice actual history hidden around.
>>
No. 746684 ID: 339cf2
File 147321377725.png - (20.47KB , 349x296 , Ch2 scene 3d.png )
746684

Also, I was thinking about that Raitekian from yesterday, the one who went berserk on Eliri. Something definitely feels weird about that whole encounter. I think I want to see if I can find her today.

Anyway, I need to get dressed.

Um, don't look...

>>
No. 746699 ID: 91ee5f

>>746684
>Um, don't look...
What? Don't you know? We head voices are unable to not look. Which means we're always looking and there's nothing you or any of us can do about it. So you might as well just go ahead and get dressed.
>>
No. 746702 ID: 398fe1

>>746684
One question. Who are you talking to exactly?
Also maybe you should consider looking up the phrases you heard in your dream.
>>
No. 746703 ID: 4854ef

... We're your headvoices, how you know where we 'See', or that we don't already know what you look like from being with you is almost enough to give a massive strain.
>>
No. 746736 ID: 17a3ec

We already saw you naked in your dream but sure why not, we'll just close our non existing eyes for a few minutes.
>>
No. 746737 ID: 4ac8eb

I, Uh, don't know how much control we have over that...

I've got it, do something really indecent and it'll be spoilered.
>>
No. 746924 ID: 339cf2
File 147329548802.png - (12.04KB , 250x281 , Ch2 scene 4a.png )
746924

>>746699

>>746703

>>746736

>>746737

All right, I get it, good grief. Forget I said anything.

Anyway, I need to plan out my day. I think my main priority today is to find the Raitekian fisherman and ask about the situation that occurred yesterday. It's probably not the most important task on my mission, but something about it doesn't really sit right.

>>
No. 746926 ID: 339cf2
File 147329549942.png - (31.13KB , 378x406 , Ch2 scene 4b.png )
746926

This is the symbol for the Fishing Company that I saw on the Raitekian's shirt. Finding them should be simple: They likely have a boat anchored at the docks with it branded on the side. We'll just need to find it, and someone there is likely to know where they're staying for the week.
>>
No. 746927 ID: 339cf2
File 147329550359.png - (56.33KB , 554x751 , Ch2 scene 4c.png )
746927

Then we need only to ask about the one we saw yesterday. Here are the details that may help us identify her:

She has rather long and unkempt mane
She wears a purple necklace, nearly identical to mine
She's rather young

Most fishing vessels don't do well holding more than about 12 Raitekians, so this ought to narrow the criteria.

>>
No. 746928 ID: 339cf2
File 147329550888.png - (22.96KB , 213x387 , Ch2 scene 4d.png )
746928

Or, I could see if Eliri knows anything more. We could visit, like she offered, but it would take a while to get there, as she's in a different District.
>>
No. 746929 ID: 339cf2
File 147329551370.png - (19.35KB , 210x322 , Ch2 scene 4e.png )
746929

Well then, unless you guys can think of something else to do for today, should I see Eliri or the Raitekian?
>>
No. 746932 ID: 4e9864

>>746929
I think we want to talk to Eliri before we talk to the Raitekian.

We should hear her side of it, and find out who escalated the situation. (Did she attack him and then started losing, or did she just talk and he escalated to a fight?) We should also hear exactly what he said, both to understand this particular situation and to learn more about the tensions between the two species here.
>>
No. 746940 ID: 91ee5f

Let's go see Eliri.

>Think of something else to do for today
Hold it right there! Just where do you think you're going? You simply can't start the day without eating the most important meal of the day first! Let's go get some breakfast! We must live up to the name of this quest! XD
>>
No. 746946 ID: ba506f

let's talk to Eliri first and get her side of the story. Plus she might be able to give us some more details to help us narrow the search down even more. Plus she owes you so she's less likely to punch your face in if you say the wrong thing.
>>
No. 747078 ID: 339cf2
File 147337050522.png - (24.81KB , 230x411 , Ch2 scene 5a.png )
747078

>>746940

>Hold it right there! Just where do you think you're going? You simply can't start the day without eating the most important meal of the day first! Let's go get some breakfast!

Of course! I was just planning out what I wanted to get accomplished today in the long run. I was thinking I'd go and see Lyulya again.

Speaking of which, I still only have 704C left over from the book yesterday, so I should probably find a bank somewhere, where I can access the funds allotted to those on abroad missions. I should probably also do that today.

>>
No. 747079 ID: 339cf2
File 147337050995.png - (599.71KB , 2552x2052 , Ch2 scene 5b.png )
747079

I picked up a map of the city from the Hotel I'm staying in. The translator in the lobby spoke Suskenian (yay!) and was able to tell me which districts were what and where. Here's where I am in relation to my objectives for today

>>746932

>I think we want to talk to Eliri before we talk to the Raitekian.

>We should hear her side of it, and find out who escalated the situation.

Good idea. We may not want to investigate the Raitekian too quickly, lest she think we're trying to 'get' her or something silly like that.

In reality, I don't really have all that much authority, nor weight in the peace process. I'm only one of several representatives from many different places. Most people don't realize this, and assume I'm a person of importance, when in reality, my position is of relative insignificance.

>>
No. 747080 ID: 339cf2
File 147337051389.png - (510.59KB , 2552x2052 , Ch2 scene 5c.png )
747080

Anyway, that was a tangent, lets get back to business. I'll need to head West to see Eliri, but the bank is also in the same general direction. So, I'll go see Eliri, we'll chat for a bit, and then I can head south to the bank, and grab my stuff.

Then, if there's time in the day left (Which there should be, I can't imagine the whole plan taking ALL day) I can figure out something to do for the rest of the day, before going home.

>>
No. 747081 ID: 339cf2
File 147337051730.png - (173.04KB , 1086x803 , Ch2 scene 5e.png )
747081

Oh no... Lyulya doesn't appear to be awake yet, and his shop is empty. I suppose maybe it's earlier than I thought. I remember Tori saying something about longer daytimes, but I didn't think it was that different from my homeland. Oh well, I'll get going toward the Yellow District first, and then get breakfast on my way back.
>>
No. 747094 ID: 339cf2
File 147337312665.png - (11.61KB , 135x238 , Ch2 scene 5 and a half.png )
747094

So, when we get there, what should we ask Eliri about? I know we want to know about the Raitekian, but I mean what questions should we ask? And should we discuss anything else?
>>
No. 747100 ID: ba506f

well first see if she's ok cause she did look a little beat up the other day. Then ask what lead up to the fight and what they were fighting about in the first place... also other things to ask her is if she would know anyone that would be able to teach you the local language and where we can find a bank.
>>
No. 747112 ID: 91ee5f

Well, of course you don't carry that much weight. Do you see how big everyone around you is? They're all significantly heavier than you! All the more reason not to let anyone step on you!

Actually, you're not going to walk all the way over there, right? Is there some kind of transportation service around here? Maybe one that let's little people like you get piggyback rides on the big guys, so that you don't accidentally get squished?

>>747081
NOOOOOO!!!!! Not again! :,-(

Hey, Jaa. When you get there and your stomach starts making hungry noises, if you're offered some food, please tell me you'll say, "Yes, thank you."

>>747100
All of this sounds good.
>>
No. 747120 ID: 4e9864

>>747078
You probably don't want to carry around large amounts of money. Is there a credit/debit system through banks, or do banks deal exclusively in cash and coin? If the latter, just pick up enough for a couple of days at a time at most.

>>747094
>>747100
> well first see if she's ok cause she did look a little beat up the other day. Then ask what lead up to the fight and what they were fighting about in the first place... also other things to ask her is if she would know anyone that would be able to teach you the local language

All of these. And see if you can learn more about the general situation and interspecies tensions. She'd have valuable "on the ground" information. Keep in mind that she'll probably have some bias and misinformation, but if her and the Raitekian provide conflicting information, I'd slightly favor her information, on the basis of seeming to be the one more in the right in that particular fight.

(In the interests of complete paranoia, it's theoretically possible that this situation was manufactured to affect your position as a diplomat. Not likely, but possible, and worth keeping in the back of your mind.)
>>
No. 747212 ID: ef1bf2

>maps
So what do Toz and Tuk mean?

Also, that route doesn't seem like it makes much sense, unless you're trying to stick to major streets to stay out of trouble? (or for some other reason)
>>
No. 747217 ID: 616bfd
File 147348274143.png - (479.86KB , 2552x2052 , Ch2 scene 6a.png )
747217

>that route doesn't seem like it makes much sense, unless you're trying to stick to major streets to stay out of trouble?

Yeah, I suppose not. 'Main roads' was my first idea, but I don't see why I can't take smaller roads. Here's the new route, slightly more direct.

>Actually, you're not going to walk all the way over there, right? Is there some kind of transportation service around here? Maybe one that let's little people like you get piggyback rides on the big guys, so that you don't accidentally get squished?

I... don't think so? I don't see why they would in a city in the part of the world overwhelmingly dominated by TALL people. Plus I'm not THAT small compared to them.

Also, I don't think there would be so many volunteers to be essentially a transport for tourists...

But really, it's not that far. It may take a few moments for me to get there, at most.


>>747100

These are good questions, especially the language one. If I could learn even a few phrases, it'll make my stay that much easier.
>>
No. 747218 ID: 616bfd
File 147348274884.png - (16.27KB , 184x270 , Ch2 scene 6b.png )
747218

>So what do Toz and Tuk mean?

I dunno. It's probably some Tellikan words to classify or organize the different districts into different categories. That's what we do at home.
>>
No. 747219 ID: 616bfd
File 147348275345.png - (7.42KB , 168x184 , Ch2 scene 6c.png )
747219

>(In the interests of complete paranoia, it's theoretically possible that this situation was manufactured to affect your position as a diplomat. Not likely, but possible, and worth keeping in the back of your mind.)

You mean like if Eliri and the Raitekian were hired in order to sabotage my mission? I don't know why that would ever happen, but it would explain a couple things. Like why her brother (Who's name I just realized I still don't know) came directly to me instead of trying to intervene. I doubt that Raitekian could hold off two Tellikans at once, she looked like she was struggling a bit just with Eliri.

I'll have to keep this in mind just in case...

>>
No. 747220 ID: 616bfd
File 147348276677.png - (45.97KB , 600x430 , Ch2 scene 6d.png )
747220

Whoa.

This wasn't on the map...

I guess I do have to take the main bridge after all.

>>
No. 747221 ID: ba506f

wonder what the hell happened here? Guess we can ask about this as well.
>>
No. 747229 ID: e984de

>>747220
Well, that's dramatic.

I don't suppose you can read that sign? Or even just tell if it says "Tuk Ameer" again.
>>
No. 747236 ID: 4e9864

>>747219
Probably not both of them, no. More one-sided, trying to get you inclined to favor one over the other.

But again, paranoia. Not a probable explanation, just a theoretically possible one.
>>
No. 747238 ID: 4e9864

>>747220
Another item to add to the list. Ask both Eliri and the Raitekian if they know why the bridge is out. Also a useful random topic of conversation.

>>747218
>>So what do Toz and Tuk mean?
>
>I dunno. It's probably some Tellikan words to classify or organize the different districts into different categories. That's what we do at home.

Hopefully a reasonable question to ask in polite conversation.

>>747079
>I'm only one of several representatives from many different places

Of the other representatives you know of, do you know if they have any likely prior biases?

>>746927
>She wears a purple necklace, nearly identical to mine

Any more details on that necklace you can share?
>>
No. 747241 ID: 91ee5f

>>747220
Well, there's only one thing to do. Het a running start and jump the gap! XD

.....wait, stop! I was joking! Let's just take the main bridge.
>>
No. 747537 ID: 339cf2
File 147363946611.png - (34.70KB , 636x494 , Ch2 scene 7a.png )
747537

>I don't suppose you can read that sign? Or even just tell if it says "Tuk Ameer" again.

Yes, I recognize these symbols. They do just say Tuk Ameer.

The 'Tuk Ameer' in 'English' on the sign is just me able to recognize what it says, it's not actually written there in my language
>>
No. 747538 ID: 339cf2
File 147363947659.png - (16.37KB , 253x358 , Ch2 scene 7b.png )
747538

>Of the other representatives you know of, do you know if they have any likely prior biases?

Oh, for sure, and on both sides. Both the Raitekians and Tellikans have been in similar conflicts before with other races. For example, the Raitekians had an almost identical conflict with a few Mirkelosian tribes, but they were able to swiftly end the war in their favour.

And the Tellikans have control over some Marulieri land, which they are likely to want released in the peace deal.

All in all, I'm expecting the conference to be neither quick nor painless.

>>
No. 747539 ID: 339cf2
File 147363948121.png - (28.80KB , 377x250 , Ch2 scene 7c.png )
747539

>Any more details on that necklace you can share?

Not really? I just saw it quickly before she ran off, but it appeared to be the same shape and colour as mine.
>>
No. 747540 ID: 339cf2
File 147363948530.png - (42.92KB , 625x400 , Ch2 scene 7d.png )
747540

>Another item to add to the list. Ask both Eliri and the Raitekian if they know why the bridge is out. Also a useful random topic of conversation.

Alright, but now that I've arrived at the Yellow District, I've just noticed a fatal flaw in my plan.

I don't actually know which building Eliri is in.

>>
No. 747544 ID: ba506f

>>747540
...
uh, ask around? someone is bound to know where to find here... assuming they can understand you.
>>
No. 747545 ID: 4e9864

>>747540
The yellow district doesn't seem that big on the map; perhaps a neighbor will know and can give us directions?
>>
No. 747759 ID: 339cf2
File 147371898360.png - (40.86KB , 812x576 , Ch2 scene 8a.png )
747759

>uh, ask around? someone is bound to know where to find here... assuming they can understand you.

>The yellow district doesn't seem that big on the map; perhaps a neighbor will know and can give us directions?

I don't think it's a very good idea to go around knocking on random people's doors. Don't forget, it's still very early in the morning, most people are probably still sleeping.
>>
No. 747760 ID: 339cf2
File 147371898917.png - (68.07KB , 511x533 , Ch2 scene 8b.png )
747760

"Čord'e, Sovsaku!"


good

grief

That scared me

>>
No. 747761 ID: 339cf2
File 147371899594.png - (12.60KB , 232x271 , Ch2 scene 8c.png )
747761

Whoa, ok!

Armed guard! Wasn't expecting that!

What do I do?!


"Tchos kën letter praka'es i!"

I- I don't understand what he's saying! He looks angry!
>>
No. 747763 ID: dfdb1e

You should run from the authorities as suspiciously as possible. Or not.
Just try to talk in different languages until you find one they understand or make it abundantly clear you don't speak his language, as you have been doing every time.
>>
No. 747776 ID: 4e9864

>>747763
This. Most fluent to least fluent.
>>
No. 747779 ID: 398fe1

>>747761
Maybe there's a curfew, and it's too early to be walking around?

If you have any papers that prove you're a diplomat it might be prudent to get them out. Just be sure to gesture to your satchel ahead of time, and make no sudden moves. Do not spook the guard.
>>
No. 747802 ID: 339cf2
File 147374083413.png - (17.02KB , 176x319 , Ch2 scene 9b.png )
747802

>You should run from the authorities as suspiciously as possible.

Uh. Probably not the best idea.

>Just try to talk in different languages until you find one they understand or make it abundantly clear you don't speak his language, as you have been doing every time.

I try to communicate that I don't speak his language in all languages I know.

"Nui kaunn jë vårfan o lēr Tellnakondi."

The guard gives me a confused look.

"Ekí sokor öf nel Tellıkan?"

Ugh, I have one more language I can try. I hate this one...

Discouraged, I finally say.

"Sparki ku Tiela?"

The guard looks impatient, and yells:

"Čev tcho kën Alauna poker'es?"

This doesn't appear to be working.

>If you have any papers that prove you're a diplomat it might be prudent to get them out. Just be sure to gesture to your satchel ahead of time, and make no sudden moves. Do not spook the guard.

Right! My documentation! It's what allows me in the borders, as well as gives me certain privileges.

I motion to my bag, trying to get my point across that I have papers. I reach into my bag to get them.
>>
No. 747803 ID: 339cf2
File 147374085497.png - (81.69KB , 765x469 , Ch2 scene 9c.png )
747803

The guard sees me open my bag, trying to pull something out, and immediately assumes offensive stance, pointing his giant Halberd toward me.

"Slåkten pērš, ĉord'e!"
>>
No. 747805 ID: 339cf2
File 147374099813.png - (75.01KB , 760x653 , Ch2 scene 9d.png )
747805

"Paragiĉi, nùove elmat gleikdt'e!" Somebody else says.

It's Eliri! Wow, what coincidence!

"Eliri!" I say, "Tell him I'm not a robber or something!"
>>
No. 747806 ID: 339cf2
File 147374100279.png - (41.52KB , 501x386 , Ch2 scene 9e.png )
747806

She approaches him, and they begin conversing. I think they're talking about me, because they're saying 'Sovsaku' which is the Tellikan word for Suskenian. Eventually the guard leaves, and Eliri comes toward me.

"What are you doing out here so early?" She asks me. "There's a curfew for non-residents."
>>
No. 747809 ID: dfdb1e

Apparently you just wake earlier than the rest of the city.
>>
No. 747811 ID: 398fe1

>>747806
Yeah you weren't aware of that. Jeez your boss REALLY should've told you.
>>
No. 747817 ID: 91ee5f

Run up to her and hug her leg, because that's the only thing a midget like you can reach, and then tell her, "Thank goodness you showed up when you did! I thought I was going to die!" Then tell her you're here because you were actually looking for her to ask about how and why what happened yesterday happened. And don't forget to ask her about the broken bridge.
>>
No. 747822 ID: 18c950

>>747811
Remember >>741627
We've suspected for a long time we're supposed to fail. And not failing when you're supposed to is a great way to get on your superiors' shit-list, but generally being a fall guy is even worse.

Ok, so we're violating a law we didn't know about, that's bad. What does Eliri think we should do about it? I mean we're already here and apparently she talked the guard down so that's great, but if we're not supposed to be on the streets we should probably be somewhere else.
>>
No. 747826 ID: 91ee5f

>>747822
We can stick with Eliri. I'm sure no one will mind if we're with her.
>>
No. 747832 ID: 4e9864

>>747802
> "Sparki ku Tiela?"

What language is that that you didn't want to have to resort to?
>>
No. 747833 ID: 4e9864

>>747806
Tell her that you didn't know that.

Ask her if she'd like to join you for some breakfast and conversation. And add another topic for that conversation: things you should probably know, starting with things that might get you hurt, killed, or imprisoned if you don't.
>>
No. 747835 ID: 395c02

You should probably figure out what the Tellikan for "I don't speak Tellikan" is, because you're definitely going to need it.
>>
No. 747955 ID: 339cf2
File 147389132628.png - (23.29KB , 233x386 , Ch2 scene 10a.png )
747955

>What language is that that you didn't want to have to resort to?

Ugh. Beštar.

Beštar is a dialect of a larger language group spoken by the Šeňkri, also known as the scum of the universe. The language is ugly and unsophisticated, and the Šeňkri who speak it are just the worst.

My home country, called Marikor, has the 'privilege' of control over some of their land in the South, in exchange for them having some of ours in the North. They take immense pleasure in disrespecting our government, and being disagreeable and unpleasant about anything we tried to do. Most of the their land under our control is rather undeveloped, because they refuse to accept any type of reform or renovation we try to make, then complain about our 'lack of concern' for their well-being, when they're really the one's doing it to themselves.

That's the main reason I hate it, is because of the people it came from. Otherwise, it's pretty easy to learn, and is required as part of primary education in Marikor.

>>
No. 747956 ID: 339cf2
File 147389133869.png - (50.06KB , 527x558 , Ch2 scene 10b.png )
747956

Anyway, we should probably talk to Eliri now.

"What are you doing out here so early?" She asks me.

>Apparently you just wake earlier than the rest of the city.

"I guess it's just earlier than I thought. I was woken up by some weird dreams I was having."

"Hmm, strange." She says. "That's why I'm awake too. I wonder if there's something weird going on..."

"Maybe it was just a coincidence. We both had a stressful day yesterday, so maybe it's affecting our sleep."

"Maybe."

>Tell her that you didn't know that.

"I didn't know there was a curfew here. We don't have anything like that back home."

"Probably not, you're from the West, right? You're not involved in a several-decade long war with your neighbors. And with the Raitekians in the city for the week, I guess they've just upped security for now, especially in the residential areas. Speaking of which, why don't you come home with me for now? I can get you something to eat."
>>
No. 747957 ID: 339cf2
File 147389134438.png - (38.22KB , 361x425 , Ch2 scene 10c.png )
747957

>if you're offered some food, please tell me you'll say, "Yes, thank you."

"Yes, thank you. I was here looking for you anyway. Maybe we can talk about the encounter yesterday, if you don't mind. How's your back, by the way?"

"Ugh, it hurts to stand. We can talk when we get home, I don't really want to talk about it just out in public."

"Ok then."
>>
No. 747959 ID: 339cf2
File 147389140892.png - (33.85KB , 366x429 , Ch2 scene 10d.png )
747959

We arrive at her house, and as she opens the door, she whispers:

"By the way, don't be too loud. My brother and my friend are still asleep."

"Oh, ok. No problem." I whisper back.

We enter the house.
>>
No. 747962 ID: ba506f

well might as well follow her in then. Just try not to knock anything over.
>>
No. 747976 ID: 339cf2
File 147389709182.png - (31.45KB , 395x383 , Ch2 scene 11a.png )
747976

Oh yeah, she has a Fenštar. I read about those in my book. It's a black rock of some sort that supposedly protects the house while the owner is gone. It's sort of a thing for guests to offer a 'blessing' to the house when entering, and I think it would be rude for me not to. How should I 'bless' her house?

These are the only ones the book taught me:

Encourage protection to the house
Encourage protection to the residents
Encourage good luck for the residents
Encourage companionship for the residents

>>
No. 747982 ID: ba506f

>Encourage protection to the residents
these do seem like trying times
>>
No. 747984 ID: 395c02

>>747982
Agreed.
>>
No. 747990 ID: cf56b1

>>747976
How about peace and prosperity?

Seems a bit more in keeping with what we're trying to do. Protection is more adversarial; we want there to not be anything they need protecting from.
>>
No. 747992 ID: 91ee5f

You might want to tell her what your food allergies are, just in case she tries to give you something you can't eat.

>>747990
As nice as that is, Jaa can't do that. Jaa just said they only know the "blessings" for the 4 options that are available because those are the only ones they know.

>>747976
Encourage protection to the residents.
>>
No. 748003 ID: 4e9864

>>747976
Protection to the residents
>>
No. 748178 ID: 339cf2
File 147406644666.png - (24.36KB , 678x577 , Ch2 scene 12a.png )
748178

>>747990
>How about peace and prosperity?

Unfortunately, as mentioned by another voice, I don't know how to say that one. The only 'blessings' I learned in the book were the few I mentioned above, and I can only say those because they're in the Tellikan language. They were written using Raitekian letters, so that I would know how to pronounce them.

And I couldn't just say it in a language I know. Everyone knows that doesn't work, not to mention the fact that it's the ULTIMATE cultural faux pas to say a prayer or blessing in the wrong language.

Now then...


>Protection to the residents

This one I know.

Hmm... Technically, I'm supposed to touch the Fenštar with my hands while I say it... But I suppose it'll have the same effect if I touch the prayer cloth it's sitting on instead.

>>
No. 748180 ID: 339cf2
File 147406645365.png - (56.21KB , 567x488 , Ch2 scene 12b.png )
748180

Ok, here goes...

I place my hand on the prayer cloth, and recite the words.

"Tajkova nå jök patmikes ëma fušstelom."

I think I must've said something incorrectly, because Eliri is giggling behind me.
>>
No. 748181 ID: 339cf2
File 147406645807.png - (27.72KB , 624x491 , Ch2 scene 12d.png )
748181

"What?" I ask her.

"Did you read that in a book? A Raitekian book?"

How did she know?

"How did you know?" I ask, flustered.
>>
No. 748182 ID: 339cf2
File 147406646287.png - (24.20KB , 199x332 , Ch2 scene 12c.png )
748182

"Because you pronounced it like a Raitekian. It sounds like you read the words, but pronounced them like Raitekian words!"

"Oh."

"It's okay. You don't have to do that if you don't know the language, but I appreciate the attempt."

"Haha, right." I say, still flustered.
>>
No. 748183 ID: 339cf2
File 147406646879.png - (48.65KB , 668x416 , Ch2 scene 12e.png )
748183

We round the corner into a long hallway, and then into a bigger room with a table.

Wow, Eliri's house has a kitchen? She must be rich to be able to afford to get and make her own food every day.

"Sit down," She says, "I'll make us some breakfast."

Concerned about her back, I ask, "Are you sure your back is okay standing for so long?"

"I'll be fine. Oh, what did you want to talk to me about again?"

What should we ask about first?
>>
No. 748187 ID: 91ee5f

>>748178
>>748180
>>748181
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! You're so tiny, it's adorable! XD

>>748183
You really should tell her about any foods you're allergic to, so that she doesn't try to give them to you by accident.

So, do you think you can reach this table or will you need help to get up there?
>>
No. 748200 ID: 18c950

>>748183
Wait, making your own food is MORE expensive than buying food elsewhere? Normally you'd have to deal with the price of labor, right?

If someone sells food, they still have to pay for the ingredients and any energy costs/etc. involved in the cooking, but they also need to make a profit.
>>
No. 748201 ID: ba506f

well we could ask her what she was fighting about yesterday and what led up to said fight... and maybe why the Raitekian ran off after seeing you. I mean we have an idea on that last one but I like to try and cover all my bases.
>>
No. 748228 ID: 4e9864

For starters, as an icebreaker and as a start towards learning more of the language and culture, ask her if she'd be willing to teach you the proper way to pronounce the prayer, as well as a prayer for "peace and prosperity" (based on the comment from >>747990 that you pray for them to not have anything to need protecting from; I like that sentiment). (Also perhaps ask her how to politely say "I don't speak much Tellikan".)

Given her comment about appreciating the attempt, though, I think your concerns about the "ULTIMATE cultural faux pas" might have been excessive. Though you should still learn and carefully practice the right way, for when the ceremonial aspect matters more, such as if you end up offering a prayer at the diplomatic discussions.

Then, these:
>>747100
> well first see if she's ok cause she did look a little beat up the other day. Then ask what lead up to the fight and what they were fighting about in the first place... also other things to ask her is if she would know anyone that would be able to teach you the local language

>>747120
> And see if you can learn more about the general situation and interspecies tensions. She'd have valuable "on the ground" information. Keep in mind that she'll probably have some bias and misinformation, but if her and the Raitekian provide conflicting information, I'd slightly favor her information, on the basis of seeming to be the one more in the right in that particular fight.
>>
No. 748313 ID: 616bfd
File 147414301543.png - (16.86KB , 225x397 , Ch2 scene 13a.png )
748313

>So, do you think you can reach this table or will you need help to get up there?
>>
No. 748314 ID: 616bfd
File 147414302146.png - (15.59KB , 283x288 , Ch2 scene 13b.png )
748314

I think I can handle it.
>>
No. 748332 ID: 1e1842

>>748313
>>748314
Oh.....I thought, after what happened earlier, all of her tables would be out of reach for someone as small as you. I guess I was wrong.
>>
No. 748356 ID: 241e41

>>748183
Could you ask her about the dreams you two had? You said it's probably just stress, but there might be something more there. Maybe she can translate the weird phrases that the people in the dream were saying. Here, I'll repeat them in case you forgot:

«Almehi kum tua?»

«Dehi na Tsetsa tua, na Tsetsa maregoki ulo tita markol!»

«Dehi kvoch noh! Dehi ihi ovalh!»

«Dehi ihi tua...»

We'll also want to know about any other local laws that might be potentially dangerous for us. Also I'm kind of curious what her job is.

If there's a good time for it, ask her how she's holding up after the fight. From there we can ask about what the fight was about in the first place, and about the general tensions she and the other citizens have to deal with.

At some point we should ask if she can help us get a reliable translator, or at least a language guide, for day-to-day living. And also to double check anything that happens during the peace talks, in case our official translator tries to manipulate us for some hidden purpose.
>>
No. 748374 ID: 398fe1

Maybe you can ask her more about the atmosphere here in town? Anything you should know in advance before your diplomatic mission?
>>
No. 748632 ID: 339cf2
File 147433068324.png - (38.39KB , 586x434 , Ch2 scene 14a.png )
748632

>For starters, as an icebreaker and as a start towards learning more of the language and culture, ask her if she'd be willing to teach you the proper way to pronounce the prayer, as well as a prayer for "peace and prosperity"

"So, do you think you could teach me the proper way to say Tellikan words, or even how to say that I don't speak the language?"

"Well first of all, the language is called Alauno. To say you don't speak it, you just say 'Täikova kën Alauna poker's'. And on the pronunciation, you seemed to kind of fuse sounds together, to make them smooth like in Reltas. Alauno isn't smooth and soft, it's more articulate and hard."

"Hmm... I might need to practice that to get it. Do you maybe know anyone around here that may be able to teach me?"

"Actually, it's funny you should ask. My friend who lives here, and actually owns the property, spent some time in The Tajili toward the beginning of the war, so she probably speaks your natural language. She may be able to help you."

"Wow, really? How interesting, what did she do there?"

"Well, The Tajili are the closest islands to the conflict outside of the countries, so when the area became the main battlefield, people fled to the nearest place. She speaks tons of languages, and was helping people from different places and with different languages get to where they needed to go by translating for them. I honestly couldn't think of a better teacher for you."

"Wow, thank you."

Interesting. This is pretty cool, if I have some free time (which I'm sure I'll have plenty of, the conference isn't for another month or so if I'm remembering correctly) I'll have to meet with this friend for a few lessons.
>>
No. 748634 ID: 339cf2
File 147433069860.png - (12.54KB , 139x229 , Ch2 scene 14g.png )
748634

>well first see if she's ok cause she did look a little beat up the other day. Then ask what lead up to the fight and what they were fighting about in the first place.

"So, what led up to that fight you had the other day?"

She takes a moment before answering.

"You know, is it okay if we wait for a little while? If my brother wakes up, he gets a little, 'upset' when we talk about Raitekians, and he's very protective of me. I don't want to inconvenience the conversation."

"Oh, ok."

"But he usually goes to the market for my Friend in the mornings, so we can chat about it when he leaves."

"Alright, that's fine."

It looks like we'll have to wait a little while for that.

"Hold on a moment, I need to get that." Eliri says, leaving the room.

All right, awkward alone time in somebody else's house.
>>
No. 748636 ID: 339cf2
File 147433072912.png - (112.70KB , 925x493 , Food Flowchart.png )
748636

I can't stand silence, I have to do something. I'm going to explain the kitchen thing.

>Wait, making your own food is MORE expensive than buying food elsewhere?

Yes. Bear with me because this is gonna take a while.

Normally you don't BUY your own food. you see, there's a complicated system in place where the government and Royalty take care of handling food and paying the Farmers and whatnot, and then give what they don't need to the distributors or sell it to merchants.

Most of the time, you go to the local Food-Place and show your ID slip, which gets you two meals a day, with the only the cost of being a citizen or legal visitor. They get food from the normal distributors. In other situations, maybe you don't want to go there or have a bit of money to spend, you can go to a Kuvek (I don't know the word in any other language) which is a place you can go to where you can pay them for the food, and you get it fresher and likely quicker than a government run Food-Place where you'd have to wait in line. Then there are markets and smaller shops (like Lyulya's) which provide food quickly and conveniently for a small fee.

Then there are the larger markets, which get food directly from the Royal Food Handlers rather than from the normal Distributors, and pay a percentage of what they get as taxes directly to the King or Queen. It's about the freshest food you can get without actually being royalty, but its way expensive. Most rich people go to these markets everyday and get what they need, and prepare it at home (or have their servants prepare it).

This is why you'd need to have a heavy and stable income to have a useful kitchen.

>>
No. 748645 ID: ba506f

>This is why you'd need to have a heavy and stable income to have a useful kitchen.

So that's how it works back home, you sure that's how it works here? I mean they do have a different government so it wouldn't be so strange to find they run things differently as well. Maybe if you go back to the book vender at any point you can see if she has anything on how this country is ran so it will give you a better idea how to conduct yourself during the conference. I mean it couldn't hurt to know at least the basics of the local political climate to better understand how they think.
>>
No. 748649 ID: 91ee5f

>>748636
So, if you see a fat person, that means they're either in a high ranking government position or someone that is royalty, right?
>>
No. 748740 ID: 20e2dc
File 147438856397.png - (25.65KB , 598x544 , Ch2 scene 15a.png )
748740

>So that's how it works back home, you sure that's how it works here? I mean they do have a different government so it wouldn't be so strange to find they run things differently as well. Maybe if you go back to the book vender at any point you can see if she has anything on how this country is ran so it will give you a better idea how to conduct yourself during the conference. I mean it couldn't hurt to know at least the basics of the local political climate to better understand how they think.

Well, I don't see any other way the food thing would work, but this is a good idea. I don't want to make a fool of myself or my country.

>So, if you see a fat person, that means they're either in a high ranking government position or someone that is royalty, right?

It's almost guaranteed

"Hey, Suskenian." Eliri calls from the other room, "It's for you."

For me? At her house? Strange, but I should probably see who it is.
>>
No. 748741 ID: 20e2dc
File 147438857078.png - (36.73KB , 495x516 , Ch2 scene 15b.png )
748741

Whoa, it's another Suskenian! He's dressed as a courier, so there must be an important message for me, which must be why they tracked me down to Eliri's house.

The Suskenian friend clears his throat,

"Are you Jaa Kuper-ze Žan?" He asks.

"I am." I answer.

"There's a message from the Tovolean Peace Conference division Taubaknawa:"

Uh-oh, that sounds serious.

He opens up the letter and reads it to me.
>>
No. 748742 ID: 20e2dc
File 147438857747.png - (16.32KB , 248x251 , Ch2 scene 15d.png )
748742

"Jaa kuper-ze Žan: The Tovolean Division Taubaknwa regrets to inform you that the previous date of the International Tellikan-Raitekian Peace Conference is no longer accurate. Due to reasons you are not allowed to know, the date will be pushed from Onmaj 9 to Onmaj 41. You are hereby ordered to remain in the Tellikan Lands until two weeks before the conference, when you will travel directly to the city of Gemorobük in Kobaku. You will be escorted from there to the place of meeting at the correct date.

Wow, sounds like you've got business in the Karenzau Desert. That's rough pal, good luck with that."

"Yeah, thanks." I say, processing the information. The Suskenian leaves.
>>
No. 748743 ID: 20e2dc
File 147438858340.png - (13.08KB , 205x315 , Ch2 scene 15f.png )
748743

The Tovoleans are postponing the Peace conference? What's up with that, that's almost an entire motnh later! And I'm supposed to just stay here? What could be so important that they have to postpone the only thing keeping the two sides from killing each other? And the Desert? Why would they havev the conference there, when most of the ambassadors are from the North? Something weird is going on, I can feel it.

"What did he say?" Eliri asks.

Should we tell her that the conference is being postponed? She'd probably want to know, because you know, the fate of her people are in the hands of the peace conference and those mysterious Tovoleans. But it might upset her to know that there's something ELSE that the Tovoleans are doing that, at least to them, takes priority over world peace. Especially considering her home country is directly involved in the aggression.
>>
No. 748750 ID: 90f3c0

Might as well tell her, she'll find out about it one way or another. Also since it seems you're going to be here a while, it's probably a bad idea to piss off one of the few people you've met that can speak the same language as you by lying to them.
>>
No. 748751 ID: 685553

'Due to reasons you are not allowed to know'? wow, they aren't afraid to rub your nose in it. I I were you, I'd be worried I'm playing the role of the doomed spy.
>>
No. 748769 ID: 398fe1

>>748743
Good news, we get to hang out for another month!
>>
No. 748796 ID: 91ee5f

>>748740
>It's almost guaranteed.
Well, seeing as you are neither fat nor a member of royalty, I'm guessing that means your position of diplomat isn't a high ranking position in your government. Am I right?

>>748743
I wouldn't be surprised if she heard every word, but she didn't want you to know that she was eavesdropping, so she's asking what was said out of politeness and to see if you're willing to share this info with her. Which I think you should go ahead and tell her, as long as you make her promise that she won't kill the messenger, which would be both you and that guy that delivered the message to you.
>>
No. 748798 ID: ba506f

tell her the conference has been rescheduled and relocated and it's probably going to make our job a little bit harder.

but yeah speaking of the change, is the desert in any of the warring nation's territory or is it in neutral ground... neutral ground that someone actually controls and not just an empty strip of land that nobody could care less about? Because it could be as simple as one side having an internal problem and having to sort things out back home before they start focusing on problems outside their borders or it could be that they're trying to build up for something or are planning an ambush at the meeting. I mean with alot of the countries leaders in one place it does make a tempting target or a great opportunity to attack while they're away and unable to respond.
>>
No. 748803 ID: 4e9864

>>748743
Yes, tell her.

We're going to be asking her for various advice; we could probably get better advice if she knows. And that information, itself, probably isn't that sensitive, or the courier wouldn't have read it to us rather than handing us a sealed eyes-only message.
>>
No. 748982 ID: 339cf2
File 147451245810.png - (13.08KB , 205x315 , Ch2 scene 15f.png )
748982

>Well, seeing as you are neither fat nor a member of royalty, I'm guessing that means your position of diplomat isn't a high ranking position in your government. Am I right?

Yep. As I said earlier, my position is not exactly one of great power. I'm just the guy who travels across the continent to tell the Tovoleans what my leader says. Other than that, I don't hold any real power.

>I wouldn't be surprised if she heard every word

Me neither, but what WOULD surprise me would be if she actually understood a word of the dialect. That guy was speaking Truidian Common Suskenian. The irony of the name is that it's only spoken in a small group of towns in the way far southern area of Marikor. Which just happens to be where I live, so the messenger was instructed to speak my native language with me for maximum understanding.

What I'm saying is that she likely heard several words, but had no idea what any of them meant. Like how I hear the Tellikans speaking to each other, but still don't know what most of the words mean.


>>748798
>but yeah speaking of the change, is the desert in any of the warring nation's territory or is it in neutral ground...

The desert is neutral ground, because it's almost completely uninhabitable, so nobody owns any territory there. Besides, apparently, the Tovoleans.
>>
No. 748983 ID: 339cf2
File 147451246772.png - (12.65KB , 235x288 , Ch2 scene 16a.png )
748983

>Might as well tell her, she'll find out about it one way or another. Also since it seems you're going to be here a while, it's probably a bad idea to piss off one of the few people you've met that can speak the same language as you by lying to them.

Once again, you make a good point.

"Well, it was a letter from the Tovoleans. They said that they're changing the date and location of the meeting."

"What? Why?" She asks nervously.

"They didn't tell me that, only where and when I'm supposed to go. And they also said I need to stay in the city until then."

"That's kind of weird. The Tovoleans are always in the center of weird things that are going on. Anyway, when was it supposed to be? And when is it now?"

"Well, they postponed it about five weeks from the 9th day of next month."

She looks flustered.
>>
No. 748984 ID: 339cf2
File 147451247218.png - (18.53KB , 194x239 , Ch2 scene 16b.png )
748984

"What? They can't just do that! What are we supposed to do in the meantime? The armistice is temporary, who knows when the fighting will start again! This is our lives we're postponing!"

She's pretty agitated, and continues saying things which I can only assume are curses in her native language. Her face is even blushing in frustration.
>>
No. 748986 ID: 398fe1

Tell her you're going to do your best to keep the fighting from starting again while you're still here. You are still a diplomat and will have some limited sway, but you're going to need help.
>>
No. 748994 ID: 4e9864

>>748984
> Her face is even blushing in frustration.

Blushing is a sign of frustration in Tellikans?

In any case, try to comfort her. Does she actually know yet that we're the diplomat assigned to the talks? She might wonder why we're getting a message about the talks being postponed, but we never told her that. Talk to her about your hopes for the talks, and ask her for the lay of the political landscape, or as much as she wants to share while the house isn't empty yet.
>>
No. 748996 ID: 91ee5f

>>748982
AH-HA!!!!! You finally slipped up and told us your gender! So you're a guy, huh? .....you have very womanly curves for a guy.

>>748984
Are you sure she's blushing in frustration? She could be blushing because she thinks you're really cute! ;3

But seriously, put your hands up in front of your face and tell her, "Don't kill the messenger, don't kill the messenger!" DX
>>
No. 749002 ID: e984de

>>748996
Really? "Guy" can be gender neutral, yo.
>>
No. 749004 ID: 91ee5f

>>749002
I know, I'm just messing with Jaa.
>>
No. 749064 ID: 415029
File 147454894353.png - (21.19KB , 216x197 , Ch2 scene 17a.png )
749064

>Blushing is a sign of frustration in Tellikans?

Yes, and not just Tellikans. For most of the races, when we get angry/frustrated/anxious/embarrassed/etc. we get what we call 'purple face', which is when the blood rushes to our head during times of stress. Nobody really knows why though.

You may have seen Eliri and the Raitekian with purple face earlier, when they were fighting. It shows more on some than others.


>AH-HA!!!!! You finally slipped up and told us your gender! So you're a guy, huh? .....you have very womanly curves for a guy.

>Are you sure she's blushing in frustration? She could be blushing because she thinks you're really cute! ;3

What? I'm pretty sure I never said anything about that...

But thanks for the compliment, I think.

>>
No. 749065 ID: 415029
File 147454895245.png - (15.65KB , 233x180 , Ch2 scene 16c.png )
749065

>In any case, try to comfort her. Does she actually know yet that we're the diplomat assigned to the talks?

You're right, we never actually told her about our position in the meeting.

"Listen, I'm a diplomat. In fact, I'm THE diplomat. And I'm going to do everything I can in order to get the war and hostilities over with as soon as possible."

She sighs, but seems to have calmed down.

"I'm sorry, it's just that... Every time it seems like the war is about to end, something gets in the way and ruins everything."

"I promise, I'll do everything I can to make it quick."

"Thank you, afir. You don't know how much I appreciate it."

She pauses for a moment, as though she's listening for something.
>>
No. 749066 ID: 415029
File 147454896223.png - (17.69KB , 240x288 , Ch2 scene 17c.png )
749066

"Oops!" She says "I forgot Toti and Kori were asleep! I must have woken them up when I shouted."

"Who?"

"My friend and my brother. Why don't I introduce you guys, change the subject?"

"Sure, I'd love to. And I'd love to formally meet your brother."
>>
No. 749091 ID: 91ee5f

>But thanks for the compliment, I think.
"You think"?! What do you mean by that?! Did I insult you or something?! I'm so sorry, please don't hate me!

Can the introductions happen while you're eating breakfast? Cause it would really suck if you forgot to eat and end up starving all day.
>>
No. 749228 ID: ba506f

well seeing how you're going to be stuck here for awhile it might not hurt to make some friends.
>>
No. 749762 ID: 339cf2
File 147485923863.png - (13.08KB , 222x338 , Ch2 scene 18a.png )
749762

>Can the introductions happen while you're eating breakfast? Cause it would really suck if you forgot to eat and end up starving all day.

Good point

"I'm sorry, but would it be possible to for the introductions to happen over breakfast? I do hate to impose, but -"

"Oh, of course! Don't worry about it, afir, I'll finish making breakfast while you chat with her."

That went well. I don't like to ask things of other people too often.
>>
No. 749763 ID: 339cf2
File 147485924580.png - (26.28KB , 622x312 , Ch2 scene 18b.png )
749763

We round the corner back into the kitchen, but this time there's another Tellikan already there, though quite a bit smaller than the majority I've met. Eliri speaks directly to her.

"Toti, nù jetleref i'a. Nù kek lulnau i'a, mën kën Alauna poker'a. Amskå, tchou mët nùo kurser'es poker."

Toti seems to understand, and approaches me.
>>
No. 749764 ID: 339cf2
File 147485925377.png - (58.64KB , 802x756 , Ch2 scene 18c.png )
749764

"Hø̂č ë̂n e̬k, I am Tottilla Këngart. You may know my father, the regent?"

Whoa. Alpar Këngart is the regent, in control of pretty much the main forces of the Tellikan side of the war while the current King has fallen ill. I'll be seeing him (or at least one of his representatives) at the peace conference. He'll be representing the Kingdom of Povrarn. I'll have to use the formal inflection, so that I don't offend her!

Speaking of which, she's speaking Tajilan! And quite well too! Usually the other races who generally speak more simple languages have trouble with the subtle tonality of our Western Languages.

How exciting!


"Good morning, Mak Protic Totilla. It's truly an honour to meet you. I am called Jâa̬ Ku̬pêr-zê žàn. I am the Marikoran national representative for the peace conference, as your father will be going to."

"Pleased to meet you, Jaa. But, you don't need to speak to me like that right now. In my house, at this time of the morning, we're friends."

"Ok then."

She seems to want to keep the conversation casual.

Oh, and I just thought of something. There's a high chance that she will have information on our mystery Raitekian. Her job as Mak Protic including keeping records of many things, including imports and importers. She probably knows the Raitekian's name, family name, home city, etc. and may be willing to share.

>>
No. 749765 ID: 339cf2

So sorry for the delay this time. School stuff got pretty stressful this week, but it's going more smoothly now.
>>
No. 749767 ID: 91ee5f

>>749763
>though quite a bit smaller than the majority I've met.
And yet, you're still smaller than her. Honestly, I'm surprised none of them have tried to pick you up and cuddle you because of how adorably small you are! XD

>>749764
>Oh, and I just thought of something. There's a high chance that she will have information on our mystery Raitekian. Her job as Mak Protic including keeping records of many things, including imports and importers. She probably knows the Raitekian's name, family name, home city, etc. and may be willing to share.
Well, that's convenient. Just remember Eliri's request and don't talk about it until her brother leaves.

>In my house, at this time of the morning, we're friends.
Ah, this must be the friend that Eliri mentioned earlier. She also said that you should ask her friend for help on how to speak Alauno. Specifically, the sentence "Täikova kën Alauna poker's" which translates to "I don't speak Alauno".
>>
No. 749776 ID: 4e9864

>>749762
> "Oh, of course! Don't worry about it, afir, I'll finish making breakfast while you chat with her."

"afir"?

>>749767
> Well, that's convenient. Just remember Eliri's request and don't talk about it until her brother leaves.

This. And make sure you give Eliri the opportunity to say whether she wants you talking about it with Tottilla.
>>
No. 749910 ID: 339cf2
File 147493307931.png - (11.36KB , 196x261 , Ch2 scene 19a.png )
749910

>"afir"?

Afir is the Tellikan (Alauno?) word for friend. This is a word that most Tellikans seem to use, even when speaking other languages. It's a bit strange, but you kind of get used to it.

>And yet, you're still smaller than her. Honestly, I'm surprised none of them have tried to pick you up and cuddle you because of how adorably small you are! XD

Well, the average height for Tellikans is about 2H, whereas the average height of Suskenians is about 1.3H. Toti is pretty short for a Tellikan, but I'm also pretty short for a Suskenian. Did you see how short I was compared to that messenger earlier?

And neither have picked me up and 'cuddled' me because they probably realize that that is an inappropriate thing to do in the current> situation.

And don't call me adorable.

>>
No. 749911 ID: 339cf2
File 147493308577.png - (50.61KB , 831x432 , Ch2 scene 19b.png )
749911

>Ah, this must be the friend that Eliri mentioned earlier. She also said that you should ask her friend for help on how to speak Alauno.

It would appear so. I would have had no idea Eliri had such powerful connections. It's very convenient that not only do they live together, but the potential Alauno lessons in the future. I ought to ask her about it.

"You speak Tajilan very well. Eliri has told me that you spent some time in The Tajili helping the refugees."

"Did she? Well, it's true. I had a wonderful time, too. You Suskenians sure know how to run an island. Everything went very smoothly, most of the time, and I enjoyed my stay there even when I wasn't working and helping the refugees. And your language too, it's incredible! It's so complex, with so many sounds and tones, but it's still smooth and intuitive. You're people are quite amazing."

"Wow, thank you. Speaking of each other's languages, Eliri also mentioned that you might be willing to help me pick up the language while I was here. I don't mean to impose or anything, but you two are the only people I've gotten to know that I can understand."

"Of course, I'd love to teach you Alauno! I fell like you'd be able to appreciate it, from what I've heard from my father."

"Thank you very much, you are too kind Tottilla."
>>
No. 749912 ID: 339cf2
File 147493309070.png - (32.66KB , 425x320 , Ch2 scene 19d.png )
749912

Eliri's brother walks past the doorway, shouting something to Eliri, who sat down at the table near us.

"Ok here's breakfast." She says. "Kori is off to the town for the morning, so we can talk about the Raitekian without worrying about him getting nervous."

Ok, where should we start?
>>
No. 749941 ID: 91ee5f

>>749910
>And don't call me adorable.
But I must! Because it's true! :3

>>749912
>Ok, where should we start?
With the obvious questions. Who started it and why did they start it? And ask if the town is really so boring that a crowd will start cheering instead of trying to break up a fight?

And maybe point out that the Raitekian was wearing a necklace similar to yours and then show them your necklace so they know what to look for if they're going to help look for him/her.
>>
No. 749949 ID: 4e9864

>>749912
Start simple. "So, what happened?"

After you hear more of the story, you can segue into asking more about the broader political and cultural climate, but start by finding out what happened. And let her tell the story in her own time; don't do anything to make her feel like you're interrogating her.
>>
No. 749950 ID: 4e9864

>>749941
> And maybe point out that the Raitekian was wearing a necklace similar to yours and then show them your necklace so they know what to look for if they're going to help look for him/her.

Also this, yes.
>>
No. 750038 ID: 20e2dc
File 147499724827.png - (32.86KB , 517x321 , Ch2 scene 20a.png )
750038

>Start simple. "So, what happened?"

"So Eliri, what actually happened? How did the fighting start, and what led up to it."

"Well, not much really. I was turning a corner, when the Raitekian got up in my face, spouting nonsense that I didn't quite understand for how fast she was talking."

She looks a bit embarrassed.

"So, I shoved her."

"You shoved the Raitekian? Why?"

"Because, I felt intimidated! How would you feel if someone got up in your face, someone who you were taught to hate since childhood? I was afraid the stories I heard of the Raitekians were actually true. Anyway, she came back to me and grabbed my shoulder, so I punched at her. But she was somehow able to easily block it and pin me to the ground. Kori left to get you, and you know the rest."

Hmm... it appears as though Eliri was the one who actually started getting physical. Whether or not there was any danger seems to be up to interpretation.

"I'm sorry, I didn't meant to offend you, just trying to get the story straight. Anyway, do you know why she may have bolted after noticing me?"

"Hmmm.... Not really. Maybe she thought you were some kind of international police. There are stories of their ruthlessness and brutality. It's what I would've done."

"Interesting. I don't know what about me screams 'police', but that might make sense."
>>
No. 750039 ID: 20e2dc
File 147499725419.png - (14.51KB , 206x268 , Ch2 scene 20b.png )
750039

>And maybe point out that the Raitekian was wearing a necklace similar to yours and then show them your necklace so they know what to look for if they're going to help look for him/her.

"Oh, also. I noticed the Raitekian was wearing a purple necklace kind of like the one I have in my bag."

"Can we see it? Maybe we can use that to find her if we need to go looking."

"Sure, here it is."

I fish it out of my back and hold it up for them.
>>
No. 750040 ID: 20e2dc
File 147499730415.png - (50.81KB , 449x600 , Ch2 scene 20c.png )
750040

Both Eliri and Toti physically startled upon seeing it.

"Jaa, where did you get one of those?" Toti asks excitedly.

"What? A Raitekian bookshop owner gave it to me. She said it would help me understand people's intentions, even if I didn't understand the language. Is that wrong?"

"That's not nearly the whole truth. Yes mutual understanding is one of the passive side effects of that, but the crystal itself augments the Manonvite, the most powerful sphere in your body, controlling your psychic abilities! It's used to influence others' opinions and choices against their will, without realizing it wasn't their will. It's an incredibly rare and valuable stone, not something that someone would just give away without a good reason."

"I didn't even know that... I never learned about crystals and stuff."

"So now I have two questions:" Eliri says, "Why did the shop owner give you one, and why does the Raitekian have one?"

"The shop owner may have felt that you were in danger from another psychic. If she was able to feel that so easily, you might be in danger, Jaa." Toti says.

"She didn't seem bothered when she was talking to me." I say, "She made it out like it was no big deal."

Both of them are staring at me, making me pretty uncomfortable.

This conversation took a turn. I didn't expect it to turn around onto me like this. That being said, I don't feel too worried about my potential 'danger', because psychic abilities don't actually exist. If the Tellikans and Raitekians weren't so religious and spiritual, they'd notice that as well.

Anyway, what should we make of this? Is this something we should worry about, or should we steer the conversation back to the Raitekian?

>>
No. 750053 ID: 91ee5f

>Special necklace.
So, does that mean it's controlling you and you should take it off or does that mean that it's protecting you from being controlled by others and you should keep it on? Their explanation is confusing me on that.

>It's used to influence others' opinions and choices against their will, without realizing it wasn't their will.
That might explain why the Raitekian left so suddenly, you wanted her to leave and so she left.

>That being said, I don't feel too worried about my potential 'danger', because psychic abilities don't actually exist.
You don't know that. The fact that you don't believe is probably why you could easily be controlled. And because of your job as diplomat, you'd be perfect to take control of. And let's not forget, you're not the only diplomat going to the meeting. If all of you were to be influenced by someone else, they could easily keep the fight going and ruin any chance of peace! You might want to voice these concerns to your two new best friends!

>Is this something we should worry about, or should we steer the conversation back to the Raitekian?
You might want to ask them if this topic is more important than the Raitekian? Because if someone's trying to influence you, a diplomat for peace, then yes it's more important.
>>
No. 750107 ID: 18c950

>>750040
Uh wait, that thing enhances your psychic powers, including influencing people? That possibly even means that you accidentally mind-controlled the Raitekian into stopping fighting. That's a rather frightening trinket you have there. Who the hell was Tori, really?

Though also of note, she said there was some ceremony going on involving sacrificing items of great value to bring luck to the peacekeepers. I'd think giving away a valuable crystal necklace might be considered a part of that?

Anyway, let's try to combine the two topics of conversation. You said the Raitekian was wearing that sort of necklace, and at the very least Eliri and Toti believe in it. Do they think the Raitekian might have "encouraged" her to get physical first, to provoke a fight while not "starting the fight" herself?
>>
No. 750162 ID: 4e9864

>>750107
All of this.
>>
No. 750293 ID: 20e2dc
File 147515360814.png - (14.93KB , 196x285 , C2 scene 21a.png )
750293

>You don't know that. The fact that you don't believe is probably why you could easily be controlled. And because of your job as diplomat, you'd be perfect to take control of.

That's a good point, even though I've never seen any evidence to support that idea. I'll have to keep an eye out just in case.

>So, does that mean it's controlling you and you should take it off or does that mean that it's protecting you from being controlled by others and you should keep it on? Their explanation is confusing me on that.

"I'm confused, is this thing dangerous? Should I get rid of it?"

"No, it doesn't work like that." Toti says, " The controller needs to have it with him. In fact, by giving it to you, they'd be making it harder to control you, because it's strengthening your Manonvite. You should keep it."

>Uh wait, that thing enhances your psychic powers, including influencing people? That possibly even means that you accidentally mind-controlled the Raitekian into stopping fighting.

"So, since I was carrying it yesterday, could that maybe explain why the Raitekian left so quickly? Because I made her want to leave."

"It's a bit more complicated than that. First off, you'd have to be making a conscious effort to invade her mind. You probably weren't doing that, considering you didn't even know how the crystal worked in the first place. Second, you said she also was wearing one. It would take a very competent, probably natural psychic to be able to perform a feat like that in such a manner."

>Do they think the Raitekian might have "encouraged" her to get physical first, to provoke a fight while not "starting the fight" herself?

"So, is it maybe possible that the Raitekian had used hers to make you fight her? Maybe she was trying to stage something against Tellikans."

"It's possible." Eliri says, "I'm usually not so jumpy, even around Raitekians. And those fishermen had been delivering to the city for months, so I should've been comfortable around them, not anxious."

"It's one explanation." Toti says, "But again, she'd have to be a natural psychic, or at least very extensively trained to be able to do something like that so quickly."
>>
No. 750294 ID: 20e2dc
File 147515361480.png - (10.31KB , 185x240 , Ch2 scene 21b.png )
750294

>Though also of note, she said there was some ceremony going on involving sacrificing items of great value to bring luck to the peacekeepers. I'd think giving away a valuable crystal necklace might be considered a part of that?

"The lady who gave this to me said she was going to use this in a ceremony for good luck for the negotiations, where does that fit into this?"

"The Kek Briuuk. Every month, we find a common issue among all our people, and we all gather for a sacrifice. We sacrifice all sorts of things, inlcuding crystals. The more important the item to you, the better the luck."

"Is it possible she was just giving it to me for that? Good luck?"

"Probably not. The actual ceremony isn't for another few days, and the sacrificing part is burning it in a fire and burying it. It just works that way."

"Oh."
>>
No. 750295 ID: 20e2dc
File 147515361861.png - (12.49KB , 161x260 , Ch2 scene 21c.png )
750295

"So, say somebody is after me. What can I do about this?"

"I would look for a Velēn," Eliri says, "They're like, professional psychics that help people out. If you can find one, they can help you learn who's trying to get you. Once you learn who they are and what their intentions are, then their psychic attacks will be weakened further. The only flaw there, is that they'll be forced to come after you physically."

"Oh,"

"But since you have that crystal, you may be able to deter them from doing that. Even though you're inexperienced, you can still direct raw intention through the crystal at him, which is less effective but may do the trick."

"Can I start doing this now?"

"Probably not, unless you already know who's after you."

"Well then how can I find this Velēn?"

"Normally I'd be able to help you," Toti says, "Because I keep records of all the official occupations of the citizens in the city. But Velēn isn't an official profession [small]no thanks to our beloved king[/small, and thus I don't actually know all the psychics around town. Your best bet would be to look and ask around."

"Which we can help you with, since you don't understand the language well." Eliri adds.

"Thank you, that's very kind."

"Also, since we're now helping each other, maybe you should also stay close by. You can stay in my house with us until the conference if you want."

Whoa, that came out of nowhere. It's a very tempting offer, especially considering I won't have to be paying the Hotel a fee just for living there. Should I take her up on the offer?

And what should I do for now?

I could stay for a while longer, and see what other things I could learn.

or

I could leave for the bank now, and begin my search for a psychic.

Or, you guys could suggest anything else?

>>
No. 750306 ID: 91ee5f

>Should I take her up on the offer?
You should express concerns about the fact there's already 3 others living here and you don't want to intrude. If she's sure that it's ok, then yes accept her offer. Maybe make a joke about everyone else's size and how you hope none of them will accidentally squish you because of how small you are.

Don't forget that you need to go back to the hotel to get your stuff that you left in your room! You should let them know about this.

>And what should I do for now?
I say stay here for now and maybe learn some more. The bank isn't going anywhere and because it's still early in the morning, the bank probably isn't even open yet. Besides, since you're going to be living here with them, this would be a good time to take a look around the house so that you know where everything is and where your room is going to be.
>>
No. 750319 ID: 9e85ca

>>750295
Ask them whether they'd be able to help you practice with the mind-influencing stone.

Also, no, don't take them up on it. Thank them profusely for the offer, and take them up on the rest (language, help finding people and services), but you should avoid even the appearance of impropriety. What does it look like if the neutral third-party diplomat is starting with three Tellikans, including the regent's daughter and Mak Protic?
>>
No. 750320 ID: 9e85ca

>>750319
(Typo: I meant "staying with")
>>
No. 750323 ID: 91ee5f

>>750319
And what if Jaa's psychic stalker starts to physically come after Jaa when they notice they're unable to psychically influence their target? What you're saying is true, but Jaa will be all alone and an easy target to either be killed or kidnapped, seeing as everyone in this town is practically a giant compared to Jaa! Either way, they'll replace Jaa with someone they can control and send them to the meeting in Jaa's place. So, I stand by what I said earlier and say that Jaa should move in with these nice people. Safety in numbers and all that.
>>
No. 750325 ID: ba506f

well seeing how she lives here with her brother you should probably wait until he gets back before accepting seeing as he lives here as well... plus where would you sleep? While I wouldn't mind staying here I don't want to be a burden or cause any undo conflict within our host's home.

Also for now you should maybe head to the bank and simply come back later, for both to ask her brother and to see if you can't pick up some language lessens. That and it would be nice to actually know where the bank is at some point seeing as we're going to be stuck here for a month so it's going to help to restock or funds so we can afford things.
>>
No. 750341 ID: 4e9864

>>750323
At the very least, you should raise the question of whether it might be seen as affecting your impartiality.
>>
No. 750509 ID: 616bfd
File 147530046656.png - (28.81KB , 401x270 , Ch2 scene 22a.png )
750509

>So, I stand by what I said earlier and say that Jaa should move in with these nice people. Safety in numbers and all that.

>you should avoid even the appearance of impropriety. What does it look like if the neutral third-party diplomat is starting with three Tellikans, including the regent's daughter and Mak Protic?

>Also for now you should maybe head to the bank and simply come back later

Hmm, there are several good points for both options, but I guess I'll have to think on it a bit more. It looks like I'll go to the bank for now and come back some time later with my decision. Hopefully she'll understand...

:bqjaa: "I don't know... I sincerely appreciate the offer, especially with the threat of attack looming, but it certainly wouldn't be good for my image of 'impartiality' to be staying with the Regent's daughter, in one of the major contributors of the war. Can I think on it, and come back to you later?"

:bqtoti: "Of course, and I completely understand. It wouldn't be good for anyone if you were painted as biased for or against anyone in particular."

:bqjaa: "Thank you for understanding."

>Ask them whether they'd be able to help you practice with the mind-influencing stone.

:bqjaa: "Do you think you may be able to help me with this crystal thing?"

:bqeliriban: "It's pretty simple. The way it works, is that it's supposed to sort of follow the way your intentions go. Basically, it does whatever you want it to do."

:bqtoti: "There are also special techniques you can use, I think, but we're not psychics. We couldn't really teach you much about that."
>>
No. 750510 ID: 616bfd
File 147530047075.png - (62.07KB , 685x584 , Ch2 scene 22b.png )
750510

>I say stay here for now and maybe learn some more.

I suppose maybe it's late enough for language lessons.

:bqjaa: "Do you think you may be able to teach me some Alauno now?"

:bqtoti: "I think we're all awake enough for that now. Sure, let's go into the prayer room. I find it easier to study and work there."

:bqeliriban: "I think I'll go out and find Kori, so you guys can speak in your Suskenian language."

:bqtoti: "Ok, get him up to speed with everything we've talked about today."

:bqeliriban: "Ok, see you."

Toti brings me around the corner into another room.
>>
No. 750511 ID: 616bfd
File 147530047439.png - (79.08KB , 625x589 , Ch2 scene 22c.png )
750511

This room has a large rug and many, many books on a bookshelf, which she leads me over to.

:bqtoti: "We can use some of these books to help learn Alauno."

She teaches me about all kinds of basics, such as letter pronunciation, word form, and sentence structures. She also teaches me a few more words and phrases to add to my vocabulary. It's almost midday by the time we tire out.

:bqtoti: "Ok, I think we should take a break for now, to let everything sink in. You learn very quickly, it's amazing really."

:bqjaa: "My kind, the Suskenians, are well known for having incredible memory. Not to brag or anything."

:bqtoti: "I'm serious, it's insane the way you're picking up information! I bet you'll be fluent before the time the conference comes around, at this rate."

:bqjaa: "Eheh, thanks..."

Argh! I always feel really awkward when I receive compliments, I never know what to say! This is something I've been trying to work on. Obviously, due to the nature of my profession, not being able to take a compliment isn't an attractive trait to have...

>you should maybe head to the bank and simply come back later

:bqjaa: "I should probably get going, I think it's getting a bit late."

:bqtoti: "Ok, I'll show you to the door."
>>
No. 750512 ID: 616bfd
File 147530047888.png - (52.51KB , 515x624 , Ch2 scene 22d.png )
750512

>and it would be nice to actually know where the bank is at some point seeing as we're going to be stuck here for a month so it's going to help to restock or funds so we can afford things.

:bqjaa: "Before I fully go, you wouldn't happen to know where there's an international bank, do you?"

:bqtoti: "Of course! It's in the Eastern part of Toz Kalmer, near the bridge to Toz polvek. You can't miss it. You have a map, right?"

:bqjaa: "I do, I can find those places." I decide to show my appreciation by thanking her and saying goodbye using the words she taught me. "Apežaja kej avečer, Totilla."

:bqtoti: "Ok, now you're just showing off! Avečer, Jaa."

She closes the door and goes inside.
>>
No. 750513 ID: 616bfd
File 147530048682.png - (640.77KB , 2552x2052 , Ch2 scene 22e.png )
750513

Ok, I'm now making my way to the bank. Judging by Toti's description of the location, I'd assume it would be one of these buildings.

So, just planning ahead...

What should I do after the bank? I should probably start looking for someone who might be a psychic. I would assume there's probably something more than just plain 'looking around' when it comes to finding a psychic. Probably some intuition thing.

To be perfectly honest, I still don't think a psychic could do anything should somebody actually be after me, but it might be interesting to hear what they have to say. And in the near future, it'll be a nice opportunity to practice speaking Alauno with a stranger. Basically, I don't see anything necessarily bad coming from a psychic, and it gives me something to to for the next month.

Speaking of things to do, I almost forgot I wanted to find the Raitekian fisherman. I still want to hear her side of the story, maybe figure out what was going on. There was clearly a misunderstanding, as Eliri said that she was trying to tell her something, but was speaking too quickly for Eliri to understand. Maybe if I learn what she was trying to say, I can see if I may be able to fix things. Just for future reference, I've made note of the probable location of where the Raitekians might be found.

>>
No. 750515 ID: 616bfd

Testing out these icons, let me know in the discussion thread what you think.
>>
No. 750519 ID: 398fe1

I think talking to the fisherman is more time sensitive right now.
>>
No. 750527 ID: 4e9864

>>750513
Regarding the bank:
>>747120
> You probably don't want to carry around large amounts of money. Is there a credit/debit system through banks, or do banks deal exclusively in cash and coin? If the latter, just pick up enough for a couple of days at a time at most.

After you go to the bank, find the Raitekian fisherman. Make sure you're wearing the amulet, hidden under your clothes.
>>
No. 750565 ID: 616bfd
File 147534733739.png - (12.29KB , 171x287 , Ch2 scene 22z.png )
750565

>Raitekian

Ok, so I'll go to the bank and then search the docks for the Raitekian ships. Once we find it, there's bound to be someone there who knows where they might be. Thanks to Toti, I can now ask and understand simple directions and questions in Alauno, so I may be able to fiddle my way around the language today.

However, it looks like it might be a few moments walk to the bank. In the meantime, does anybody have any questions about anything? I realized a while ago that not all of you have direct access to my knowledge, however that may or may not work, so if there's something you'd like to know, I can try to explain it.

>>
No. 750583 ID: 91ee5f

>So if there's something you'd like to know, I can try to explain it.
Well, since you asked, you could try to explain that short relationship with a Tellikan named Karehem you mentioned a while ago.

And your gender.

But most importantly, could you explain exactly what us voices are? Are we just in your head or ghosts of your ancestors here to guide you or something else? Are you the only one that has voices or are there others that also have voices?

And just for fun, has anything funny happened because of the species' (Tellikan, Raitekian, Suskenian, etc.) various sizes? Like someone from one of the short species being trapped in an unlocked room because they were too short to reach the door handle? Or one of the large species getting stuck in a doorway because they tried to go through a door that was too small for them to go through? Anything like that. Come on, you've got to have funny story like that, right?
>>
No. 750597 ID: 16bb01

>>750583
Jaa already said that all Suskenians have head voices. The rest of the questions are valid though.
Also, have you ever heard of the same voices going into other Suskenians' heads? And how unusual is it for us to have amnesia?
>>
No. 750602 ID: 398fe1

>>750565
Why do you not believe in psychics, but believe in the mysterious voices in your head that give you advice and don't know everything you do?
>>
No. 750671 ID: 91ee5f

>>750597
>Jaa already said that all Suskenians have head voices.
Oh, yeah. Forgot about that.
>>
No. 750698 ID: 4e9864

>>750565
How much do you know about biology? Are Tellikans, Raitekians, Suskenians, and Toboleans branches of the same species, or separate species? (Are there people who have more than one in their family tree?)

What do you know about the Toboleans, who are leading the peace talks? What do they look like? What's their culture like? You've spent years studying culture and history; can you give us a rough idea?

How many other sentient species are there in the world?

How does money work, and how do banks work? Do you have paper money, or does your money have intrinsic value? Do different regions use different currencies? Do banks physically move money around, or do they keep records of everything and "move" money via those records? Does any means other than cash exist to spend money?

You mentioned having access to funds allotted for your mission; do you know how much you were allotted, or will you not know that until you get to the bank? And to give us a rough idea of scale, how much are you paying for the hotel?

What have you been authorized to do, on behalf of your government? Effective diplomats usually have some amount of delegated authority to make binding commitments on behalf of their home country; without that you couldn't easily negotiate, because you'd constantly have to check back with your bosses.
>>
No. 750865 ID: 339cf2
File 147545969241.png - (12.26KB , 144x268 , Ch2 scene 23a.png )
750865

>Well, since you asked, you could try to explain that short relationship with a Tellikan named Karehem you mentioned a while ago.

Oh, ok. Karehem was one of the Tellikans who fled their home due to the war. We met near a library in Marikor, when I was on my way in (to read about Tellikans, in fact. I was still in school back then) and he asked me a few things. Originally I was shocked at the size of him, but I felt more comfortable when he spoke Tyvel Marik, the common Southern Suskenian language. He was able to manage, but was clearly not fluent. I ended up tutoring him on the language, and he taught me about the conflict, which I was studying. We greatly enjoyed each other's company, but he must've enjoyed it more than I. I had to come back to Tevida for work. He wasn't happy about it when I broke off the 'relationship', and wanted revenge. We parted on a pretty bad note after less than a year.

But that was a long time ago, we're both over it.


>And your gender.

Um, I'm pretty sure we already discussed not discussing this. Why is this so important to you?
>>
No. 750866 ID: 339cf2
File 147545969880.png - (58.21KB , 700x288 , Ch2 scene 23c.png )
750866

>But most importantly, could you explain exactly what us voices are? Are we just in your head or ghosts of your ancestors here to guide you or something else? Are you the only one that has voices or are there others that also have voices?

Ghosts of my ancestors? Ghosts don't exist. You are for definite part of my head.

The problem is, we don't really know which part. It turns out, heads are super complicated. Other Suskenians definitely have these voices, and there have even been studies about them. Er, you. We don't know much about brains, but we know that they have various different parts, and I heard from somebody that we think that you guys are in the part that's in the back. We don't know for sure about pretty much anything though, but there have been some weird experiments that give us a few theories.


>Also, have you ever heard of the same voices going into other Suskenians' heads? And how unusual is it for us to have amnesia?

Wait, what? Like if you guys were somebody else's voices before mine, but forgot everything from that? I don't know how that would work, without directly getting somebody else's inner-voice-brain-part in my own head. Which hasn't ever happened. The forgetting part by itself would make sense, because it has happened to me before. I don't know if it happens for others, though.
>>
No. 750867 ID: 339cf2
File 147545970349.png - (34.94KB , 457x497 , Ch2 scene 23b.png )
750867

>And just for fun, has anything funny happened because of the species' (Tellikan, Raitekian, Suskenian, etc.) various sizes? Like someone from one of the short species being trapped in an unlocked room because they were too short to reach the door handle? Or one of the large species getting stuck in a doorway because they tried to go through a door that was too small for them to go through? Anything like that. Come on, you've got to have funny story like that, right?

Well, since we were talking about Karehem anyway, I have a few stories about him. You may have noticed that in my story about how we met, we were in Marikor, a Suskenian country. Thus, all the buildings were built to be appropriately sized for Suskenians. All public buildings' entrances have to be a minimum height of 1H, so that it's not literally impossible for members of other species to enter. Karehem was about 3 times my height, and about 1/2H taller than the entrances. If he wanted to go in, he'd have to literally duck and crawl through the door, and stay that way while inside, so he didn't bump his head (which I couldn't count how many times he did by mistake) He ended up staying outside 90% of the time.

And when we met at that library, he was asking me if I could go inside and get a book for him, because he was afraid he wouldn't be able to fit in the building.

>>
No. 750868 ID: 339cf2
File 147545971071.png - (35.24KB , 450x541 , Ch2 scene 23d.png )
750868

>How much do you know about biology? Are Tellikans, Raitekians, Suskenians, and Toboleans branches of the same species, or separate species? (Are there people who have more than one in their family tree?)

We are all separate species, but there are a few with various sub-species, such as the Selnakarivans and the Locians (of which the Mirkelosians are part of) Also, we've noticed that races that span large areas seem to be slightly different from one end to another. Not necessarily a different species or sub-species, but they would have slightly different features that others. For example, the front feet of a northern Tellikan like Eliri are identical to the hind feet, but on a southern Tellikan like Toti, they're more hand like in appearance. Northern Tellikans also seem to have shorter Antennae as well.
>>
No. 750869 ID: 339cf2
File 147545971771.png - (314.84KB , 1320x1016 , Ch2 scene 23e.png )
750869

>How many other sentient species are there in the world?

The list in no particular order is. These are only the major species, not counting the various sub-species and regional variations:
-Suskenian
-Raitekian
-Tellikan
-Selnakarivan
-Locian
-Auvekian
-Marulieri

Here's a map of the majority of the known world. We don't know much farther North, because that's where the Mirkelosians are, and they won't allow our Surveyors or cartographers in their borders. Same problem with the east, but with the other Locians and Auvekians; further west is more ocean as far as our ships can reach.

I've labeled the areas with the race/species that has a majority there.

And of course, Tovoleans.


>What do you know about the Toboleans, who are leading the peace talks? What do they look like? What's their culture like? You've spent years studying culture and history; can you give us a rough idea?

Well, no, I can't. Nobody can.

The Tovoleans are super good at Isolating themselves from everyone else. We didn't even know about them until a few years ago, and hardly anyone has actually seen one up close. Most don't believe they exist, but they're hosting the peace conference, so they're quite a bit more known-about now. Speaking of which, this peace conference is literally the first direct interaction we've had with them. Indirectly, various countries have gotten letters with odd symbols, (I guess maybe it's their language?) which so far only one out of six of them have been decoded, the one sent to the Marulieri state of Teval. We think it's some kind of warning, but it's vague, and doesn't actually mention much. Or so I've heard anyway. The only other times we've seen them is via our Marikoran Exploration Ships, who have spotted oddly shaped vessels in the waters nearby some islands, which leads us to believe the Tovoleans live on some remote islands in the ocean. The other theory, is that there's evidence of another continent to the southeast, and we think that's where they are. But our ships can't reach that far without resupplying, and we're not on speaking terms with the tribes that live nearby, so we won't know until we can figure out how to make faster ships.

>>
No. 750870 ID: 339cf2
File 147545973420.png - (41.17KB , 455x437 , Ch2 scene 23f.png )
750870

>How does money work, and how do banks work? Do you have paper money, or does your money have intrinsic value? Do different regions use different currencies? Do banks physically move money around, or do they keep records of everything and "move" money via those records? Does any means other than cash exist to spend money?

So, we have something called an 'international currency'. In the Suskenian countries, Marikor, Makeda, and Kelsdora, we use that as the Standard National Currency, but other countries also have other National Currencies, and most of the Northern and Southern tribes don't use it at all. To note this currency when writing, we use the symbol C, or the one shown in parentheses after the number value in the picture called a 'Cailoš'. We have four coins made of different material or different sizes. They are the 1C, the 14C, the 196C, and the 2744C coins. The international banks allow for easy exchanging between the International and the Local currencies, as well as safe storage over seas. There's one in every capital besides the Mirkelosian and some Auvekian Tribes, and several in many other big cities.

As far as I know, coins are the only method of 'money-ing', and the banks do have to physically move it around. To do so quickly, they use wagons pulled by animals to move all that heavy metal around.


>You mentioned having access to funds allotted for your mission; do you know how much you were allotted, or will you not know that until you get to the bank? And to give us a rough idea of scale, how much are you paying for the hotel?

The hotel is about 2076C a night, which will be 12240C by the end of the week. I'll be getting 29550C a week. So, if I continue to stay in the Hotel, instead of staying with Toti, I'll have 17310C a week to spend on other things. Definitely way more than I need, but if I spend their money on anything unnecessary, I get fined, and probably demoted. Also, I have to give back anymoney I don't use when I get back, so I'll have to keep track of everything I spend it on and how much it is so that I can prove I only spent what I needed to.

But you guys can help me with that, right?


>What have you been authorized to do, on behalf of your government? Effective diplomats usually have some amount of delegated authority to make binding commitments on behalf of their home country; without that you couldn't easily negotiate, because you'd constantly have to check back with your bosses.

You mean at the conference, or elsewhere? At the conference, I'm not supposed to renegotiate the goals of the war. I'm only allowed to decide if there was a winner, or if the war was invalid etc. What's going to happen at some point, is the leaders and representatives are going to be negotiating what's gonna happen to the participants of the war, such as management of land and reparations. I'm not supposed to add to any of that stuff. The only exception is if there needs to be a vote, I'm to agree with and/or vote for whichever choice is best for Marikor. I'm also not supposed to offer anything to anyone on behalf of Marikor. Basically, they want me as in-the-background passive as possible, while still participating.

Outside the conference, I'm not supposed to get involved in any other sort of formal meeting, peace deal, or conference. Basically, I can do whatever I want outside of the conference, as long as it's informal or unofficial (which is left up to my interpretation if things get close, whatever that means). But during the conference, I'll be passively judging both sides.

>>
No. 750884 ID: 803603

So in short your job is just to keep an eye on things and to try and keep the conflict from directly effecting your homeland while also to make it seem like your country is helping when in reality it's basically doing jack shit.

Damn, that really sounds like a pointless job but hey it's kinda hard to fuck it up.

Anyways find the fishing docks yet?
>>
No. 750886 ID: 398fe1

>>750870
Stay at the hotel, to remain neutral.
>>
No. 750890 ID: 4e9864

>>750867
What unit of height is an "H"? How would you pronounce it in conversation? Is that a unit, or are you just using it as a relative point of reference for us?
>>
No. 750891 ID: 4e9864

>>750870
What does all that extra text on the 2744C coin say?
>>
No. 750892 ID: 4e9864

>>750870
>>750891
And does the five-lobed symbol on the 196C and 2744C coins mean anything?
>>
No. 750894 ID: 91ee5f

>>750865
>Um, I'm pretty sure we already discussed not discussing this. Why is this so important to you?
It's not really importance. It's more like curiosity. Just a way to get to know you better, that's all.

>>750866
So we are in your head. Neat.

So, if we happen to see another Suskenian yelling at themselves, it's safe to say that they're arguing with their own head voices, right?

>>750867
>Door height.
I'm not hearing anything about door width. So be honest, did anyone happen to get stuck and a wall needed to be removed in order to get unstuck?

Sorry if I'm bugging you with this, but it's a funny image that I can't stop picturing! XD

>>750868
Speaking of all of the species, do all of you have antennae? What are they used for?

>>750886
Neutral, but unprotected from stalkers that are trying to control Jaa.
>>
No. 751091 ID: 16bb01

>>750894
That and a lot of us like shipping. And knowing genders is sometimes helpful for that.

>>750866
Ah, so just so you know, we've forgotten everything from before yesterday. Specifically, when you were staring at that sign you couldn't read. So right before you got your dinner salad.

Also, you haven't asked about the amnesia? I'd think that would be a health concern, if it isn't a completely normal thing.
>>
No. 751165 ID: 20e2dc
File 147559912174.png - (12.98KB , 166x256 , Ch2 scene 24a.png )
751165

>>>750884

Well, technically...

Uh, yeah. I guess that's pretty much right.


>That and a lot of us like shipping. And knowing genders is sometimes helpful for that.

What does gender have to do with the transport of goods overseas???

>What unit of height is an "H"? How would you pronounce it in conversation? Is that a unit, or are you just using it as a relative point of reference for us?

[i]The 'H' is short for 'Huštyn', which is the unit of height used in the Suskenian countries. It's the average of Suskenian and Selnakarivan Heights based on census data from about 40 something years ago. I'm almost .5H, Eliri is about 1.8H, and Toti is about 1.4H.


>What does all that extra text on the 2744C coin say?

It's Tyvel Marik for '2744C' in writing.

>And does the five-lobed symbol on the 196C and 2744C coins mean anything?

It is the Emblem of Mạrik Ȯmán, the Suskenian King who united Marikor, and the inventor of the currency unit of 'C'. It's used on the larger two coins in his honour. The symbol itself is Mạúk Flower, which supposedly King Marik was quite fond of. And I don't blame him, they're quite beautiful in reality.

>Stay at the hotel, to remain neutral.

>Neutral, but unprotected from stalkers that are trying to control Jaa.

This is why I'm having trouble deciding whether or not to stay with Toti, or to stay in the Hotel.

>I'm not hearing anything about door width. So be honest, did anyone happen to get stuck and a wall needed to be removed in order to get unstuck?

I don't know about a wall needing to be removed, but I'm sure plenty of people have gotten stuck. Though I've never seen it.

>So, if we happen to see another Suskenian yelling at themselves, it's safe to say that they're arguing with their own head voices, right?

Potentially, but I think we're pretty good at keeping it in our own heads.
>>
No. 751166 ID: 20e2dc
File 147559912755.png - (114.47KB , 747x1003 , Ch2 scene 24b.png )
751166

>Speaking of all of the species, do all of you have antennae? What are they used for?

As far as I know, us Suskenians and Tellikans are the only sentient species with antennae. We use them for the same approximate functions as noses and ears.

Here's an approximate representation of all the species we haven't encountered on this adventure so far. I've never seen a Locian or Auvekian in person, so these are just from images I've seen in paintings and books. And I've never seen anything of a Marulieri, but I've heard they resemble fluffy or fuzzy Selnakarivans with eyes, so this is what I imagine they'd look like.

>>
No. 751196 ID: ba506f

neat... OK I'm not going to lie, I haven't really been paying attention to where we've been walking, where are we right now? I remember we were heading towards the docks to find the other chick in yesterdays fight but kinda zoned out for a minute. We close by or did we get lost well talking?
>>
No. 751202 ID: 91ee5f

>>751165
>What does gender have to do with the transport of goods overseas???
Not that kind of shipping. "Shipping" as in a relationship. It's a term that is sometimes used when someone believes two others should be in a romantic relationship. For example, someone could say, "I ship Eliri and Toti." or "I ship Eliri with Toti." That means whoever said that, thinks Eliri and Toti should be in a romantic relationship with each other.

That's what that other voice was talking about. They were wanting to know your gender because some of us voices have a habit of "shipping" people together and knowing your gender would allow them to "ship" you with someone else. Mostly because they think they can set you up with that perfect someone that you'll want to spend the rest of your life with.

Which I think is stupid because that's just going to make you even more determined not to tell us!

>>751196
No, we were heading towards the bank first. But you make an excellent point.

Hey, Jaa, are we there yet?
>>
No. 751207 ID: 398fe1

Gender doesn't really matter for shipping though. Sexual preference does.

We already know Jaa likes guys, the question is, do they like girls as well? Or other types?
>>
No. 752049 ID: 616bfd
File 147605374329.png - (573.77KB , 2552x2052 , Ch2 scene 25b.png )
752049

>neat... OK I'm not going to lie, I haven't really been paying attention to where we've been walking, where are we right now? I remember we were heading towards the docks to find the other chick in yesterdays fight but kinda zoned out for a minute. We close by or did we get lost well talking?

Not exactly... We were heading to the Bank first, and then I think we're going to the docks afterward.

I'm pretty sure we're not lost, I'm in the Brown District now and we should be approaching the Bank soon. It should be pretty easy to identify which building it is, it should have the word for 'bank' written in several languages, or the symbol for money or something. It'll also probably be the tallest building in the area. In fact, I think I can see it from here.

>>
No. 752050 ID: 616bfd
File 147605374849.png - (12.38KB , 194x286 , Ch2 scene 25d.png )
752050

>Not that kind of shipping. "Shipping" as in a relationship. It's a term that is sometimes used when someone believes two others should be in a romantic relationship. For example, someone could say, "I ship Eliri and Toti." or "I ship Eliri with Toti." That means whoever said that, thinks Eliri and Toti should be in a romantic relationship with each other.

I suppose that makes sense, but I wonder about the Etymology of the term. Also, I don't see why you think anyone around here would think of me that way, or why you'd want to try and steer me toward spending my life with just one person (which would be incredibly boring after a while, not to mention impractical)

It's kind of creepy that you guys do that, actually.


>We already know Jaa likes guys, the question is, do they like girls as well? Or other types?

What? I'm not interested in any romance, Male, Female, nor other!
>>
No. 752051 ID: 616bfd
File 147605375439.png - (49.24KB , 541x606 , Ch2 scene 25a.png )
752051

>Hey, Jaa, are we there yet?

Yes, this seems to be the place.
>>
No. 752052 ID: 616bfd
File 147605376727.png - (30.59KB , 338x275 , Ch2 scene 25c.png )
752052

I approach the Teller.

:bqjaa: "Hello, my name is Jaa Žan, I need to collect some money for the week."

:bqteller: "Hello Jaa, we were notified that you'd be coming. I just need to see some kind of identification so I can make sure you're who you say you are."

I present my Diplomatic Representative ID Pass to the teller.

:bqteller: "Ok, very good. I'm only allowed to give you up to 29,550C in total for this week. Your superiors have left a message for you, recommending that you only take a small portion for the day you'll need it."

A good suggestion, which I was planning on anyway. I don't want to be carrying too much money around at a time, lest it all get stolen, or too heavy. What I decided to do, is to divide my weekly amounts into daily amounts, in which I withdraw a smaller amount every day instead of all of it every week. This would give me 4,925C every day, plenty for the situation I'm in, and I can pay rent at the end of the week. Then I can add whatever's left to next week's amount.

:bqjaa: "I'll withdraw only 4,925 for now."

The teller disappears for a few moments, and returns with a small bag, handing it to me.

:bqteller: "Your configuration is 1, 6, 69, 39. Here you go."

He hands me the bag through the barred windows.

Ok, adding that to what I had left over from yesterday, I have 5,629C. Now, I need to go to the Northern end of the city to look for the Raitekian.
>>
No. 752056 ID: 16bb01

>>752050
>etymology of shipping
It comes from fanfic, which is a whole nother can of worms I don't want to get into.

>why would you want to steer me towards spending my life with just one person
Who said just one person? (Okay that other guy implied it but) Shipping can be with multiple people.

Speaking of which what's the custom in your society about romance, marriage, sex etc.?

(or if you want to talk about something else, this topic is kind of wearing out it's just what else is there to talk about?)
>>
No. 752068 ID: 79a07e

>>752056
Yeah, the topic's wearing thin. Let's get to brass tacks, get to the docks, and figure out what's up with that other gal who was trying to pick a fight. I'm very curious as to why she freaked out. I forget if we brainstormed this already, but maybe she thought you would rat her out to her superiors?
>>
No. 752078 ID: 398fe1

>>752050
>What? I'm not interested in any romance, Male, Female, nor other!
What, but you dated that guy. Do you mean just right now?
>>
No. 752082 ID: b26bce

>>752050
Etymology: by way of "relation-shipping".
>>
No. 752095 ID: 91ee5f

>why you'd want to try and steer me toward spending my life with just one person (which would be incredibly boring after a while, not to mention impractical)
Ohhhhh, so you want more than one person, huh? Well, why didn't you say so? We're good at polyamory as well! Or did you want a harem? We do those also!

>It's kind of creepy that you guys do that, actually.
Technically, since we're a part of you, that makes you creepy as well. And since we can only know what you know, I have to ask: Why do you have knowledge of polyamory and harems in your head?

>Now, I need to go to the Northern end of the city to look for the Raitekian.
Jeez, that's going to be a long walk. Even though you're the one that's doing all the walking, somehow I'm getting tired from all the walking you're doing! Isn't there some sort of transportation service around here? It'll be faster, save you time, and save your energy for things other than walking!

And I really hope we can find the Raitekian or someone that knows something about her, otherwise, we're just wasting time running around in circles!
>>
No. 752841 ID: fa8820
File 147637059111.png - (35.24KB , 487x357 , ch2 scene 26a.png )
752841

>Jeez, that's going to be a long walk. Even though you're the one that's doing all the walking, somehow I'm getting tired from all the walking you're doing! Isn't there some sort of transportation service around here? It'll be faster, save you time, and save your energy for things other than walking!

Not really. The walk isn't really that long, it'll probably take a few moments, but that isn't enough time or energy for me to feel like it's worthy of investing in transportation, INSIDE the city. I mean, that would just be the epitome of laziness, wouldn't it? 'Oh, I can't walk from one side of the city to another, I need someone to CARRY ME there!'

I don't think so. Besides, we wouldn't get this lovely chatting time if it was too quick!


>I'm very curious as to why she freaked out. I forget if we brainstormed this already, but maybe she thought you would rat her out to her superiors?

Toti, Eliri, and I already sort of brainstormed, but we didn't have enough information to make a definite conclusion. I think our best hypothesis was that she thought she would get in serious international trouble (Which she could, but not from me) for strangling a Tellikan, literally in her capital city. That would be a surefire way of getting yourself deported, and that's the best case scenario. The worst cases involve imprisonment, torture, and/or execution. So she probably has reason to scared of something like that, and seeing someone who's neither Tellikan nor Raitekian (aka me) probably gave her enough to assume that International Enforcement was getting involved. I'd run too if I were her.

>And I really hope we can find the Raitekian or someone that knows something about her, otherwise, we're just wasting time running around in circles!

That's the plan: Go to the docks and see if her companions or superiors know where she might be. Then we can go talk to her and finally figure out what was going on.
>>
No. 752842 ID: fa8820
File 147637060631.png - (10.43KB , 127x187 , Ch2 scene 26b.png )
752842

>Ohhhhh, so you want more than one person, huh? Well, why didn't you say so? We're good at polyamory as well! Or did you want a harem? We do those also!

>Who said just one person? (Okay that other guy implied it but) Shipping can be with multiple people.

>Speaking of which what's the custom in your society about romance, marriage, sex etc.?

Ok, you know what? I'm sick of this conversation! Why do you want to know these things so badly? They have nothing to do with the task at hand! They're in a completely different category of things, and SO MUCH LOWER on the priority list! So much so in fact, that they're not even on the priority list, AT ALL!

You want to know my gender and personal information so badly? I'm female, I had one relationship with a male Tellikan, and afterward I was never able to stomach the idea of a 'romantic relationship' ever again. It was, without a doubt, the worst time in my life.

I thought maybe, just maybe, that these kinds of things wouldn't be a driving factor in my life for once! I thought maybe I could live my life, free of stereotypes and gender-bias, but clearly, that's just a fantasy, one that can't even be lived in my own mind because of you!


>Technically, since we're a part of you, that makes you creepy as well.

Don't even get me started! You're nothing but an involuntary reflex, with no connection to me or my thoughts whatsoever! You technically don't even exist, besides the fact that some part of my brain in specifically designed to create and perpetuate you stupid, perverted voices; a part of my brain which must be defective, seeing as how you're not actually helping very much! One would think that something we spent so much time evolving into existence, would actually be helpful to us.
>>
No. 752843 ID: fa8820
File 147637061399.png - (18.01KB , 213x296 , ch2 scene 26c.png )
752843

I mean, I wouldn't have minded so much if it was just once, but you guys are continuously pestering me on and on about this stupid 'romance' thing! I even directly said that I didn't want to talk about it, and that it makes me uncomfortable, and you all just went on anyway, digging further into what I'm trying not to think about, as I'm telling you to stop! I just can't believe this, you are definitely the most frustrating iteration of yourselves yet! And we're only two days in! I don't know what I'll do if it continues like this!
>>
No. 752844 ID: fa8820
File 147637062068.png - (41.36KB , 460x449 , Ch2 scene 26d.png )
752844

And now people are staring at me, because I'm some tiny foreigner stomping around, steaming mad and silently making wild gestures at nothing.

Can we PLEASE,

just drop it? We're getting toward the docks anyway, and I need to calm down before interacting with the fishers.

>>
No. 752846 ID: 79a07e

At this point, they're just doing it to get a reaction out of you because it amuses them. Ignore them and it'll eventually stop.
>>
No. 752859 ID: 16bb01

>>752842
>>752843
i
uh
sorry
sometimes i an not good at taking hints

>>752846
not I

SO ANYWAY OTHER TOPIC

>>752841
This is actually a pretty small city isn't it? I mean that map shows all the individual buildings right? So it's like... Six blocks. I think we were expecting the map to be on a larger scale.
>>
No. 752872 ID: 398fe1

>>752842
Well okay, that answers that question. You could have also just said you had a really bad experience with your last partner and you wanted to avoid romantic situations, rather than refuse to give any information at all. I think you'll find that this iteration of us has a hard time dealing with unexplained motives like that.

Also I don't think we can gender stereotype you since we don't know what the gender roles of your race are.
>>
No. 752876 ID: 91ee5f

>>752872
This voice is right. If you explained what was going on better, we wouldn't have kept bugging you about it! And we don't know much about Suskenian culture to know how to gender stereotype you!

.....However, you're right. We shouldn't have kept bugging you when you asked us to stop. We're sorry.

>Change subject.
Alright, changing the subject to what we're doing now. How exactly do you plan on doing this? Are you going to go look for the Raitekian's boss or are you going to ask every dock worker you meet and ask about the Raitekian?
>>
No. 753169 ID: 616bfd
File 147660123975.png - (316.43KB , 1616x737 , Ch2 Scene 27a.png )
753169

>This is actually a pretty small city isn't it? I mean that map shows all the individual buildings right? So it's like... Six blocks. I think we were expecting the map to be on a larger scale.

Yeah, it's really not that big, especially compared to the Suskenian cities. The Tellikans and Raitekians are a little 'behind' when it comes to general development, due to the massive amounts of resources directed toward the war, rather than other things, such as expansion, or scientific advancement (Though that's also hindered by the religious beliefs as well)

>Alright, changing the subject to what we're doing now. How exactly do you plan on doing this? Are you going to go look for the Raitekian's boss or are you going to ask every dock worker you meet and ask about the Raitekian?

Yes and yes. If I can't find the Raitekians directly, I can just ask around. A group of Raitekians are likely to generate a lot of attention, so someone is bound to have seen them around. Once we find them, we can figure out who was where when and why. It looks like the docks are pretty empty right now. But that just makes our boat-locating job easier, we just need to locate the boat that has the emblem that we saw on the Raitekian's shirt. (It's probably not the giant warship anchored by the left-most pier.) The problem is, it means the Raitekian probably aren't right here, so we'll have to ask where they are.
>>
No. 753170 ID: 616bfd
File 147660124537.png - (14.73KB , 182x322 , Ch2 scene 27b.png )
753170

>You could have also just said you had a really bad experience with your last partner and you wanted to avoid romantic situations, rather than refuse to give any information at all. I think you'll find that this iteration of us has a hard time dealing with unexplained motives like that.

>Also I don't think we can gender stereotype you since we don't know what the gender roles of your race are.

>This voice is right. If you explained what was going on better, we wouldn't have kept bugging you about it! And we don't know much about Suskenian culture to know how to gender stereotype you!

I suppose you're right. I could've handled it better... We'll finish this conversation later.

And I'm sorry for yelling at you, and calling you an 'involuntary reflex'.

>>
No. 753174 ID: 398fe1

>>753170
We are what we are.

>>753169
Wow, you're on a moon orbiting a gas giant? Hey do you have spaceships yet?

I think I see the symbol on the ship on the right-most pier.
Why is the warship's symbol glowing? Or is that just a brightly-colored ring around it?
>>
No. 753188 ID: 91ee5f

>>753169
>we just need to locate the boat that has the emblem that we saw on the Raitekian's shirt.
I think it's on the boat that's all by itself over to the far right.

>>753170
>We'll finish this conversation later.
There's no need for that. You said to stop talking about it and finishing the conversation later would be talking about it. But it's your choice.

>And I'm sorry for yelling at you, and calling you an 'involuntary reflex'.
Thank you for the apology.....even though what you said is true.
>>
No. 754522 ID: 616bfd
File 147710810093.png - (7.75KB , 176x187 , Ch2 scene 28a.png )
754522

>There's no need for that. You said to stop talking about it and finishing the conversation later would be talking about it. But it's your choice.

...Thank you. And I'll try to be more clear about my feelings in the future.

>Wow, you're on a moon orbiting a gas giant? Hey do you have spaceships yet?

Excuse me? Moon? I've never heard of such a thing, we're on a large sphere made of land and water, which we call the Lower-World. By 'gas giant', I assume you mean the giant sphere in the sky. That's called the Over-World. We believe that the Over-World was somehow disturbed, and 'ejected' materials that make up the Lower-World that we live on.

But that's just a theory.

And my best guess of the function of a space ship, would be a ship that can also somehow traverse land. That would be great for traversing the Eastern Lands.

Am I close?

>>
No. 754523 ID: 616bfd
File 147710810924.png - (42.62KB , 434x243 , Ch2 scene 28b.png )
754523

>Why is the warship's symbol glowing? Or is that just a brightly-colored ring around it?

[i]Yes, it's just brightly-colored rings. They're likely coloured in accordance with the flag of the kingdom.
>>
No. 754524 ID: 616bfd

>I think it's on the boat that's all by itself over to the far right.

Yes, that would appear to be the one. But it's just a small fishing boat, there's no way they could've traveled all the way here from there home on that thing... How odd. Anyway, it doesn't matter, we know it belongs to them.

Hmm, there appear to be two armed guards standing in front of the boat. That can't be good...

>>
No. 754525 ID: 616bfd
File 147710813730.png - (63.84KB , 470x606 , Ch2 scene 28d.png )
754525

Upon approaching the guards and the vessel, they don't seem to be nearly as aggressive, nor armoured as the one I met with Eliri. They even seem friendly.

Upon seeing me approach, the nearest one turns to me.

:bqguard1: "Afičar. Ču fraotrug'ist tchos?"

Hey, wait! I understood that! He asked if he could help me with something!

Awesome! I'll have to remember to thank Toti substantially when I see her next.

Oh right, how should I respond?

>>
No. 754527 ID: 616bfd
File 147710821065.png - (31.45KB , 399x254 , Ch2 scene 28c.png )
754527

I screwed up! Here's the picture for part three of this update! Sorry!
>>
No. 754529 ID: 398fe1

>>754525
Tell them you're looking for someone wearing their emblem, but with a pendant like yours as well.
>>
No. 754535 ID: 91ee5f

>>754522
>And my best guess of the function of a space ship, would be a ship that can also somehow traverse land.
>Am I close?
Not even close. It's actually for traveling straight up, where all the stars are. The function of a space ship is a ship that can travel through space among all of the stars in the sky and allow you to visit other worlds. In fact, a space ship could be used to travel to the Over-World.

Sadly, something tells me that your world's technology isn't advanced enough to accomplish that.

>>754525
>Hey, wait! I understood that! He asked if he could help me with something!
Way to go, Jaa! High five! ..........oh, yeah. Voices don't have hands. Never mind. :-(

It's good that you can understand him, but can you speak the language? If you're still having trouble with that, then you might want to ask if he can speak your language first. If that doesn't work, then, using the way you yourself described her earlier, try your best to ask about a female Raitekian that has a rather long and unkempt mane, is wearing a purple necklace, nearly identical to yours, and she's rather young. Also, don't forget to mention that she was last seen wearing a shirt with the same symbol that's on the boat they're guarding.

>Awesome! I'll have to remember to thank Toti substantially when I see her next.
Yeah, she deserves a hug.
>>
No. 755077 ID: 20e2dc
File 147733177748.png - (47.78KB , 626x501 , ch2 scene 29a.png )
755077

>Tell them you're looking for someone wearing their emblem, but with a pendant like yours as well.

But these are Tellikan guards. I'm looking for Raitekian Fishermen.

>Not even close. It's actually for traveling straight up, where all the stars are. The function of a space ship is a ship that can travel through space among all of the stars in the sky and allow you to visit other worlds. In fact, a space ship could be used to travel to the Over-World.

>Sadly, something tells me that your world's technology isn't advanced enough to accomplish that.

I don't think so either. It takes forever to get even Sea-Ships floating on water, let alone through the air! I'll have to chat with some of my engineer friends about this when I get home.

>Yeah, she deserves a hug.

... I suppose a hug could be appropriate.

>It's good that you can understand him, but can you speak the language? If you're still having trouble with that, then you might want to ask if he can speak your language first.

It's a bit more difficult to speak it than understand, but I think I'll be able to manage. Besides, the guards are among the less educated populace, and are unlikely to know other languages anyway. Again, like the one we met with Eliri who couldn't speak any other language.

Also, I'll try to translate what they're saying as well as I can.


>try your best to ask about a female Raitekian that has a rather long and unkempt mane, is wearing a purple necklace, nearly identical to yours, and she's rather young. Also, don't forget to mention that she was last seen wearing a shirt with the same symbol that's on the boat they're guarding.

:bqjaa: ‟Please excuse my poor speaking, I am looking for Raitekian which is from this boat. She has long hair, and purple crystal on her neck.‟

:bqguard1: ‟Yes, it is no problem. I have not seen her, but I know of a man Raitekian, who owns this boat. He left for the Hiǧorgečura Bagla a bit earlier. My partner will take you there, and he will tell you.
>>
No. 755078 ID: 20e2dc
File 147733178443.png - (58.32KB , 397x457 , Ch2 scene 29b.png )
755078

He turns to his partner

:bqguard1: ‟That is, if you think you can handle such a daunting task.‟

There is heavy sarcasm, and maybe even some annoyance in his voice. His partner averts his eyes.

:bqguard2: ‟Yes sir, I can handle it.‟

:bqguard1: ‟Täiki büčnara, go do it.‟
>>
No. 755079 ID: 20e2dc
File 147733178837.png - (73.70KB , 542x774 , Ch2 scene 29c.png )
755079

The second guard leads me away from the dock.

:bqguard2: ‟Uh, hello. My name is Tuvaš. What is a Suskenian like you doing this far East? If you don't mind me to ask.‟

How should I respond?
>>
No. 755099 ID: 398fe1

>>755079
May as well tell him you're a diplomat.
>>
No. 755101 ID: 91ee5f

>>755079
After how the other guard was talking, I wouldn't be surprised if this guard gets nervous easily.

>How should I respond?
Politely, that's how.

I wouldn't tell him that you're a diplomat just yet. Not unless you have a good reason to tell him. It would probably be best to keep it vague and say that you're here on business and leave it at that.
>>
No. 755267 ID: 188451

I'd say you're here as an interpreter. (training or learning)
>>
No. 755292 ID: 594c18

>>754522
What, I missed space stuff?!

Well, your ejection theory could well be right. It's probably more likely that both worlds were formed around the same time of of the same stuff though. Assuming your world is like ours anyway...

>>755077
Hmm, a spaceship doesn't just float through the air - that would be an airship, which is also cool - but the thing is, the air eventually runs out, so a spaceship has to provide actual thrust against gravity. Also, it needs to be airtight so everyone doesn't suffocate. Tough stuff, especially if you're still struggling to make seaworthy ships.

An airship might just be feasible though, if you can manage to isolate hydrogen or helium...

>>755079
I see no reason not to be truthful.
>>
No. 755457 ID: 4d0e33

>>755079
Be completely truthful, though not excessively forthcoming with information. You could mention that you're a diplomat.

Also, ask Tuvaš, if they don't mind us asking, why the other guard was busting their chops. (Insert language-appropriate colloquialisms here.)
>>
No. 755502 ID: 20e2dc
File 147750273343.png - (62.31KB , 565x565 , ch2 scene 30a.png )
755502

>Politely, that's how.

>say that you're here on business and leave it at that.

>May as well tell him you're a diplomat.

>I see no reason not to be truthful.

>Be completely truthful, though not excessively forthcoming with information. You could mention that you're a diplomat.

:bqjaa: ‟I'm here on business, I'm a diplomat.‟

:bqguard2: ‟A diplomat? That sounds cool, do you get to go to different countries often?‟

:bqjaa: ‟Well, technically yes, but this is my first mission.‟

:bqguard2: ‟Wow. You must love the freedom, not being confined to one place.‟

:bqjaa: ‟Well, the circumstances at the moment are a bit 'distressing', but I suppose all in all, it is nice to get around.‟
>>
No. 755503 ID: 20e2dc
File 147750274041.png - (24.78KB , 344x244 , Ch2 scene 30b.png )
755503

>Also, ask Tuvaš, if they don't mind us asking, why the other guard was busting their chops.

:bqjaa: ‟Do you mind if I ask you a question now?‟

:bqguard2: ‟Me? Well, I suppose so.‟

:bqjaa: ‟That other guard seemed rather annoyed with you. Why was that? If you don't mind my prying.‟

The Tellikan's face grows a bit purple

:bqguard2: ‟Er, it's because I accidentally got him in trouble. You see, us guards are supposed to have a very regimented schedule, and responsibility for certain daily 'chores' that need to be done every day are rotated between the younger guards, like me. It was my day, and I was supposed to get up early to complete them, and then wake my partners, but I slept in because- well, I slept in. And because of that, Altruf ended up having to wake me, and we all got in trouble because I didn't complete the tasks.

:bqguard2: So, he's upset with me because I got him in trouble, and he ended up doing the work for me.‟

:bqjaa: Oh, I'm sorry.‟

:bqguard2: ‟That's ok, I just need to learn to get up on time.‟
>>
No. 755504 ID: 20e2dc
File 147750274690.png - (83.66KB , 553x611 , Ch2 scene 30c.png )
755504

We make light chat for the rest of the way, which isn't very far anyway. We're now in the Pink District.

:bqguard2: ‟Here it is. The Raitekians should be in here. It's where all the travelers and merchants stay while they're here.‟

:bqjaa: ‟Thank you Tuvaš. I hope your problems with your partner get resolved quickly.‟

:bqguard2: ‟Heh, it's unlikely, but thanks.‟

He returns to the docks.
>>
No. 755505 ID: 20e2dc
File 147750275287.png - (64.28KB , 679x516 , ch2 scene 30d.png )
755505

I enter the building into a sort of lobby. There's a wall lined with empty chairs, all except one which has the Raitekians occupying it. I approach them.

:bqjaa: «Excuse me, are you two by any chance associated with the Katreš fishermen?»

:bqkatres: «Yes we are, I'm Katreš, this is my daughter Jaruel»

Jaruel waves at me

:bqkatres: «What can we do for you, Suskenian?»

:bqjaa: «Would it be ok if i asked you a few questions about you and your workers?»

:bqkatres: «i don't see why not.»

What should i ask them?
>>
No. 755528 ID: 91ee5f

>>755505
I don't want to jump to conclusions, but Jaruel might be who we're looking for. But before you start accusing her, you better ask questions first, that way we can make sure if it is her or not.

Tell them that you're looking for a female Raitekian that has a rather long and unkempt mane, is wearing a purple necklace, nearly identical to yours, she's rather young, and she was last seen wearing a shirt with the same symbol that's on their boat.

When they ask why, tell them she was involved in a street brawl yesterday with a Tellikan and you're trying to find out what started the fight by getting her side of the story.
>>
No. 755529 ID: 398fe1

>>755505
That necklace is blue, and she is not reacting to you. So it's not her. Simply give the description of the person you're after and just state you wanted to talk to her.
>>
No. 755540 ID: 339cf2
File 147752085882.png - (14.61KB , 263x261 , ch2 scene 30e.png )
755540

>Tell them that you're looking for a female Raitekian that has a rather long and unkempt mane, is wearing a purple necklace, nearly identical to yours, she's rather young, and she was last seen wearing a shirt with the same symbol that's on their boat.

:bqjaa: «I'm looking for one of your workers: a female Raitekian with an unkempt mane, wearing a purple necklace. Last time I saw her was yesterday in the blue district.»

:bqkatres: «You must be talking about my first daughter, Nguorkelo. I can never get her to trim that scruffy mess...»

:bqjaa: «So... Do you know if I can speak with her?»

:bqkatres: «I'm afraid I don't know. She's off on her own somewhere. She never tells me where she's going, nor where she's been. So I couldn't tell you.»

:bqjaruel: Umm...

:bqkatres: «Quiet Jaruel, don't bother him. Anyway, why do you want to speak with my daughter?»

>When they ask why, tell them she was involved in a street brawl yesterday with a Tellikan and you're trying to find out what started the fight by getting her side of the story.

:bqjaa: «Well, she was involved in a brawl yesterday with a Tellikan. I just want to see if I can hear her side of the story to clear up any misunderstanding.»

:bqkatres: Sigh, «I'm afraid that likely won't do any good either. You're likely aware of the Raitekians'... unfortunate situation with the Tellikans. Some of us have, 'strong feelings' toward them, and she'll find any excuse to antagonize them... I've been unable to reason with her, she just doesn't listen.»

:bqjaa: «Well, I have reason to believe there may have been a simple misunderstanding. If I can clear that up, then the consequences are likely to be much less severe.»

:bqjaruel: «Katreš, if I may-»

:bqkatres: «No, you may not. I'm sorry Suskenian, but we can't help you.»

He doesn't seem interested in helping me. Jaruel is trying to say something, but Katreš won't allow her to speak. If I can separate them, then Jaruel may know something about Nguorkelo. But Katreš is certainly acting suspicious for someone who has no idea where his child is, especially after learning they've been in a fight.

Should I continue pressing him for information, or should I just leave and try to find her some other way? Worst case scenario, I could just ask around town. Someone is bound to have seen her.

>>
No. 755558 ID: 91ee5f

>>755540
Ask why he's not letting Jaruel speak. Your questions are being directed to both of them, not just him.

You should probably mention how Nurk...Nauor...Num...jeez this is hard to pronounce...Nguorkelo, finally I got it. You should probably mention how Nguorkelo acted when you told her to stop fighting. She acted confused, almost as if she had no idea what she was doing or how she got there. Almost as if she had just woken up. Then she ran away from you, which you find odd because you weren't going to do anything to her.

Then ask if they think anyone's been influencing her recent behavior, because she looked scared and didn't mean to do what she did.
>>
No. 755651 ID: 4d0e33

>>755558
Wait before calling attention to Jaruel; you don't want to antagonize him yet. If you talk about how his daughter seemed potentially influenced and unaware, you can suggest that you're on their side, or at least sympathetic. Mention that you're "here as a...diplomat", in a way that sounds like it's a cover. Suggest that you're "looking into" anything that might sour relations around here, and someone compelling others to escalate hostilities definitely qualifies. You just want to find out who's really responsible.

All completely true, and if he draws some other conclusion, well, you can't acknowledge anything further, officially, but you'd be grateful for their help.
>>
No. 755654 ID: 91ee5f

>>755651
Yeah, I guess you're right. Forget what I said about Jaruel, but go ahead with everything else.
>>
No. 755678 ID: b02a64
File 147757670802.png - (47.79KB , 413x388 , ch2 scene 31b.png )
755678

>Wait before calling attention to Jaruel; you don't want to antagonize him yet.

That's a good point, we don't want to go around throwing accusations.

>If you talk about how his daughter seemed potentially influenced and unaware, you can suggest that you're on their side, or at least sympathetic.

>Then ask if they think anyone's been influencing her recent behavior, because she looked scared and didn't mean to do what she did.

:bqjaa: «Well, I just want to make sure your daughter is ok; She seemed rather disoriented or confused after the fight, despite being the clear winner.»

:bqkatres: «Disoriented?»

:bqjaa: «Yes. When I approached, she immediately stopped fighting, and fled.»

:bqkatres: «She fled? After seeing you

:bqjaa: «Yes, I found it quite strange as well. Before fleeing, she seemed confused as to where she was, perhaps even a bit scared, as though she didn't know what was happening. Do you think you know of anybody who may be trying to influence her behavior?»

They both stay quiet for a moment.

:bqkatres: «What exactly are you implying?»
>>
No. 755679 ID: b02a64
File 147757671551.png - (55.72KB , 405x397 , ch2 scene 31a.png )
755679

>Mention that you're "here as a...diplomat", in a way that sounds like it's a cover. Suggest that you're "looking into" anything that might sour relations around here, and someone compelling others to escalate hostilities definitely qualifies. You just want to find out who's really responsible.

:bqjaa: «Listen, I'm just trying to figure out if she might be in danger. I'm a diplomat, I'm trying to help hostilities come to an end between the two races, and if somebody's after your daughter, then it's important to not only her safety, but also the coming peace.»

:bqkatres: «You must be a fool if you think you can get the rest of us to work together with each other! Have you seen us? We're at war with each other, there is no peace!»

:bqjaruel: «Katreš, what about-»

:bqkatres: «Enough Jaruel! Need I remind you that-»

:bqjaruel: «No Katreš, I'm sorry! I'll be quiet!»

:bqkatres: «That's right. And sit up straight, don't be improper.»

He once again turns to me.

:bqkatres: «Now listen, insect, if you've nothing else to discuss, I think you'd better leave.»

Ok, I'm almost certain he's trying to hide something. Either way, he definitely seems to want me gone.
>>
No. 755680 ID: 79a07e

>>755679
Fine. We'll leave for now.

...But we're.putting a tail on that guy ASAP.

...As in if he leaves the house, we're following.from a distance. Stake out and everything.
>>
No. 755685 ID: 4d0e33

>>755679
Say something to the effect of "if you can think of anything else that might help, please get it touch with me", and provide some simple way to get in touch with you. Katreš will probably dismiss it angrily, but that lets you tell Jaruel that you want to hear what she has to say without creating an issue with Katreš.
>>
No. 755723 ID: 339cf2
File 147761804254.png - (56.03KB , 517x554 , ch2 scene 32a.png )
755723

>Fine. We'll leave for now.

>...But we're.putting a tail on that guy ASAP.

>...As in if he leaves the house, we're following.from a distance. Stake out and everything.

Hmm... I think I saw some decorative bushes conveniently placed in the small garden in front of the building. I could hide in those while waiting for Katreš to leave.

>Say something to the effect of "if you can think of anything else that might help, please get it touch with me", and provide some simple way to get in touch with you. Katreš will probably dismiss it angrily, but that lets you tell Jaruel that you want to hear what she has to say without creating an issue with Katreš.

:bqjaa: «Ok, I'm leaving. But if you think of anything that might be helpful, please contact me at the hotel in the blue district.»

:bqkatres: «Sure, whatever...»

:bqjaa: «Ok, I'm going.»

I exit the building, and search for that convenient bush.
>>
No. 755724 ID: 339cf2
File 147761805164.png - (63.63KB , 832x1119 , ch2 scene 32c.png )
755724

Not long later...

Hey, someone's leaving... It's Jaruel! She looks worried, she might be going to search for Nguorkelo. Should I call her over, and chat with her privately; or should I just try to follow her?
>>
No. 755727 ID: 4d0e33

>>755724
Not this close; Katreš might be watching or listening. Follow her, discreetly.
>>
No. 755729 ID: 398fe1

Don't be seen talking to her, but if you can talk to her in private do so.
>>
No. 755730 ID: 91ee5f

If we want to talk to her, we need to do it somewhere privately, not here.

So for now, just tail her.

...no, not her actual tail! I meant carefully follow her.
>>
No. 755871 ID: 616bfd
File 147769515563.png - (128.33KB , 1318x1056 , ch2 scene 33b.png )
755871

>Not this close; Katreš might be watching or listening. Follow her, discreetly.

>So for now, just tail her.

Good point, I'll just follow her for a while.

>...no, not her actual tail! I meant carefully follow her.

I figured.

Anyway, she appears to be headed west, toward the Dienvulu park.

>>
No. 755873 ID: 616bfd
File 147769526475.png - (144.82KB , 361x289 , ch2 scene 33a.png )
755873

Now in technicolor

She enters the park and looks around, as though searching for something, but then just rubs her head in confusion.

Would now be a good time to catch her attention? We're now no longer in the Pink District, and away from Katreš.
>>
No. 755875 ID: 4854ef

This would be a good, neutral place to talk with her. You could make it seem like you were traveling around rather then tailing her as it could be.
>>
No. 755877 ID: 398fe1

Yes, go ahead and say hello, but apologize for following her. Ask if she knows where Nguorkelo might be.
>>
No. 755885 ID: 91ee5f

>>755873
>She enters the park and looks around, as though searching for something, but then just rubs her head in confusion.
Looking for something...or someone. She might be looking for Nguorkelo.

>>755875
You're right, this is a good meeting place.

Jaa, I hope you're a good actor. You should approach Jaruel and act like you were sightseeing and not following her and that it was a pure coincidence that you happened to run into her here.

Also, yay, color!
>>
No. 755925 ID: 4d0e33

>>755873
Yes, go ahead and talk to her. Keep an eye out, though, in case something strange is going on; we don't know why she came here, or why she seems confused.
>>
No. 756036 ID: 616bfd
File 147778429156.png - (60.89KB , 447x410 , ch2 scene 34a.png )
756036

>This would be a good, neutral place to talk with her. You could make it seem like you were traveling around rather then tailing her as it could be.

:bqjaa: «Hey Jaruel.»

:bqjaruel: «Oh! It's you! Er, how did you find me here?»
>>
No. 756037 ID: 616bfd
File 147778429712.png - (30.63KB , 336x311 , ch2 scene 34b.png )
756037

>You should approach Jaruel and act like you were sightseeing and not following her and that it was a pure coincidence that you happened to run into her here.

>Jaa, I hope you're a good actor.

I hope so too...

:bqjaa: «Oh! I was just um... Sightseeing! What a coincidence to find you here!»

:bqjaruel: «Yeah, I suppose so. It's good though, I was going to look for you, to talk about my sister.»

:bqjaa: «I wanted to speak with you about that too. Your sounded lik you had something to say earlier.»

:bqjaruel: «Yeah, Katreš can be a little... 'overprotective' sometimes. He doesn't like to talk about Nguoro's 'condition'.»

:bqjaa: «Condition? Can you elaborate?»

:bqjaruel: «I can. You see, she's Kremul-Täitet, and sometimes loses control of herself. But that's why I know she didn't mean to hurt anybody.»

:bqjaa: «I'm sorry, 'Kremul-Täitet'? I've never heard of that before.»

:bqjaruel: «It's a curse that the Mårk-Liondi gave to us during the invasion. It gets into your head, and begins taking control of your actions and emotions. Nguoro is cursed with it. We thought she was doing better, so we took her on the trip here with us. But she started acting weird again on the way. She began mumbling to herself constantly, but I could never hear her properly to understand what she was saying. She never talks with Katreš, which is another story, but she usually opens up to me, so I found it odd that she wouldn't tell me about it when I asked. She's been getting worse the longer she's been here. Yesterday, she told me she had something very important to do, but wouldn't tell me what that was, or why it was so important. I can only assume that was what ended up leading to the fight you told us about.»

:bqjaa: «Hmm... That makes sense. I was told that she was trying to say something unintelligible to the person she was in the fight with. Maybe there's a connection between her getting worse, and the 'important thing' she had to do.»

:bqjaruel: «That's what I was thinking, but I don't know for sure...»

Is there anything else in particular that we should talk/ask about?
>>
No. 756060 ID: 398fe1

>>756037
Ask her if she has any ideas where to find Nguoro.
>>
No. 756065 ID: 4d0e33

>>756037
Ask her if she knows anything about the necklace. (Don't yet reveal that we have one ourselves.) See what she says about that without further prompting; if she isn't forthcoming or doesn't know, tell her that, based on the appearance of the necklace, someone identified it as affecting psychic abilities, and potentially allowing subtle influence over others or protection from others. Ask why Nguoro might have such a necklace.

Perhaps she's wearing it to help fend off the effects of Kremul-Täitet?
>>
No. 756067 ID: 4d0e33

>>756037
Also, you've studied history extensively; this isn't a thing you've heard of at all? You should ask her if this is a secret of some kind, or if it's reasonably well-known (among Raitekians, and among other species). We wouldn't want to go blabbing if it's supposed to be a secret, or even if it's just considered impolite to talk about.

After you're finished talking to Jaruel, and hearing everything she wants to say, you may want to accompany her to see Nguoro, if Jaruel both feels comfortable with that and has any idea where to find her sister. Otherwise, or after that, you should go back to see Eliri and Toti and talk to them about Kremul-Täitet.

And at some point later in the day, you should find a local research library and learn what you can about Kremul-Täitet, both from a Raitekian perspective and an outside perspective if possible.
>>
No. 756068 ID: 91ee5f

>Kremul-Täitet
>Mårk-Liondi
Are these Tellikan terms? Try looking in the book you bought for info. If you don't find anything or you don't have the book with you in your bag, try going to Eliri and Toti, they might know something and they might be willing to help if they know for a fact that Nguorkelo didn't start fighting with Eliri on purpose. Ask Jaruel if she wants to come with you.

Ask Jaruel if Nguorkelo only opens up to her. It might be because there's something special about her.

But, and don't tell Jaruel this, I think it's actually because of her necklace. I think her necklace is "special" and she doesn't know about it, the same way your necklace was "special" and you didn't know it. The only difference is I think her necklace might have a different effect than your necklace does. But again, don't tell Jaruel about my necklace theory, I don't want to give her false hope in case I'm wrong.
>>
No. 756247 ID: 339cf2
File 147791004992.png - (31.16KB , 306x343 , ch2 scene 35a.png )
756247

>Are these Tellikan terms?

No, they are Raitekian terms. Mårk-Liondi is simply the Raitekian word for 'Mirkelosians', who they've also had a shaky history with. I didn't recognize 'Kremul-Täitet' at first, but based on Raitekian word-roots and Jaruel's description, I would guess it's something like 'Broken Mind'.

>Ask her if she knows anything about the necklace.

:bqjaa: «Can you tell me anything about the Necklaces that you and Nguorkelo wear?»

:bqjaruel: «I guess so... Katreš gave them to us when we were little, and one to our brother as well. Nguoro and I used to look very similar, so I think he just gave us different ones to tell us apart (though he'd never say). I guess they just kinda stuck with us.»

>if she isn't forthcoming or doesn't know, tell her that, based on the appearance of the necklace, someone identified it as affecting psychic abilities, and potentially allowing subtle influence over others or protection from others. Ask why Nguoro might have such a necklace.

:bqjaa: «The reason I ask is because when I explained her necklace's appearance to someone, they identified it as an augmentation to psychic strength; Being used to ward against psychic attacks. Is that a possibility?»

:bqjaurel: «Ummm... Maybe? I don't really know, it's possible. I think that psychic stuff is similar to head stuff, but I'm not very well learned in that area. I think that Katreš would've told us if the necklaces were special in some way.»

You know, I've just thought about it, but it's very possible that the Raitekian beliefs about the crystals are slightly different from the Tellikan beliefs. It's possible the Tellikans believe that the crystal is very powerful, whereas in Raitekians think it's just a pretty rock. Something to think about...

>Also, you've studied history extensively; this isn't a thing you've heard of at all? You should ask her if this is a secret of some kind, or if it's reasonably well-known (among Raitekians, and among other species). We wouldn't want to go blabbing if it's supposed to be a secret, or even if it's just considered impolite to talk about.

You're right, it's quite odd that I've never heard of such a condition, considering my education focus was on Raitekian history.

:bqjaa: «So, about Kremul-Täitet... I'd never heard of it before today, despite my intensive education on Raitekian history. Is this something meant to be kept secret? I certainly wouldn't want to bring it up at the wrong time in the wrong crowd.»

:bqjaruel: «I don't think it's necessarily 'secret', but Katreš doesn't like us talking about it. If he knew we were even talking at all, he'd have my head! But I don't think it's a secret in general. As for why you've never heard of it, maybe it's because it only happened recently. Cases only started appearing within the last couple years. I think Nguoro was one of the first to show symptoms.»
>>
No. 756248 ID: 339cf2
File 147791005579.png - (40.16KB , 484x534 , ch2 scene 35b.png )
756248

>After you're finished talking to Jaruel, and hearing everything she wants to say, you may want to accompany her to see Nguoro, if Jaruel both feels comfortable with that and has any idea where to find her sister.

:bqjaa: «So, do you know where your sister is? If you think it's a good idea, I'd like to talk with her directly.»

:bqjaruel: «Er, well, I thought she'd be here. She told me she'd be here for the day this morning, but clearly we're alone.»

:bqjaa: «Do you know of any other place she may be? She never goes anywhere else?»

:bqjaruel: «Not really. She almost always prefers to be alone, and anywhere else in the city is too crowded. And, since we lost our boat, we can't go back there either.»

:bqjaa: «You lost your boat? What happened, I thought it was the one at the dock?»

:bqjaruel: «No, that's just our fishing sloop. We have a larger one, for traversing larger distances, it was big enough for us four to live in during the journey. It got completely wrecked on our way in, because there were some rocks that we didn't notice under the water. The ship was too low in the water, and the bottom was completely wrecked. It sunk soon afterwards. We're trying to get in contact with some other sailors who can take us home, but for now we're stuck here...»

:bqjaa: «That's terrible. I'm sorry.»

:bqjaruel: «Yeah, it kinda sucks, but I guess it's ok here. They aren't trying to viciously murder us, so I guess it's better than back near the border. Er, anyway, I'm gonna head back. Nguoro always comes back home at night. But I can see if I can get her to come back here tomorrow morning, she still owes me a favour.»

:bqjaa: «That would be wonderful.»

>Otherwise, or after that, you should go back to see Eliri and Toti and talk to them about Kremul-Täitet.

>Ask Jaruel if she wants to come with you.

:bqjaa: «Before you go, I'll be heading to a friend's house in the Yellow district; The Tellikan involved in the fight with Nguorkelo. She is trying to help me find a solution to the whole thing, and it would likely be beneficial for all of us if you two chatted.»

:bqjaruel: «O-oh. Um, you said she was a tellikan?»

:bqjaa: «Yes. If that's a problem, you don't have to come with me. I was only offering.»

:bqjaruel: «No, it's ok. I've just never actually met one before. I'll come with you.»

:bqjaa: «Very good.»

We begin our trek West to Toti's house.
>>
No. 756249 ID: 339cf2
File 147791006364.png - (17.99KB , 292x347 , ch2 scene 35c.png )
756249

>Ask Jaruel if Nguorkelo only opens up to her. It might be because there's something special about her.

>But, and don't tell Jaruel this, I think it's actually because of her necklace. I think her necklace is "special" and she doesn't know about it, the same way your necklace was "special" and you didn't know it. The only difference is I think her necklace might have a different effect than your necklace does. But again, don't tell Jaruel about my necklace theory, I don't want to give her false hope in case I'm wrong.

:bqjaa: «You mentioned earlier that Nguorkelo doesn't speak with Katreš, but talks with you. Are you the only person she opens up to.»

:bqjaruel: «Well, sometimes she talks with Admoči... But yeah, I guess she mostly opens up to me. I think it's because he stopped wearing his necklace, and we continued. We're like, necklace buddies!»

I'm sure it's just a coincidence.
>>
No. 756250 ID: 339cf2
File 147791007027.png - (30.55KB , 286x456 , ch2 scene 35d.png )
756250

We've reached Totilla's house, but Jaruel looks quite nervous still.

:bqjaa: «Are you sure you still want to meet them? You look anxious.»

:bqjaruel: «Yes, I'm ok. I'm just, excited to meet your friends for the first time!»

I knock on the door.
>>
No. 756251 ID: 339cf2
File 147791007735.png - (58.57KB , 394x533 , ch2 scene 35e.png )
756251

After a short amount of time, Totilla answers the door.

She appears to be dressed up for something. Or dressing for something.

Totilla notices Jaruel and is visibly surprised to see her. Jaruel waves awkwardly.

:bqtoti: "Erm, jaa... This isn't the lady who attacked Eliri, is it?!"

:bqjaa: "No, this is Jaruel, her sister. She wanted to speak with you and Eliënqi about her and the incident, so we might be able to come to a peaceful solution."

:bqtoti: "Ok, but you should have warned me first, I'm busy right now! If somebody sees a Raitekian at my house, it'd ruin my reputation! They'd say I have sympathies with the enemy! You need to go now, I'll meet you in the park to the North East tomorrow morning, bring her with you."

She doesn't give me a chance to respond before shutting the door.

:bqjaruel: «Um, what just happened?»

Well, great. What now?
>>
No. 756253 ID: 4d0e33

>>756251
"Bit of a mistake on my part; I should have thought to check with her first. I don't think she's upset, so much as she's concerned about how such a meeting might look. Which, unfortunately, seems like a legitimate concern given the tensions around here at the moment."

Escort Jaruel back to the park, and talk with her on the way; ask her about the onset of this curse, and try to look for correlating factors and potential causes (the necklaces as well as anything else relevant). If Nguorkelo still isn't at the park, then ask Jaruel to meet you there tomorrow morning to talk with Totilla and Eliënqi.

After that, discretely ask around after a Velēn.

Then, do some research to prepare for those meetings tomorrow, to understand as much as possible the differing perspectives of the two species regarding mental effects and these necklaces.
>>
No. 756256 ID: 188451

That was the regent's daughter; a roommate of our friend. I suppose she's meeting with her father or someone associated with him. Bad timing and manners on our part.
>>
No. 756260 ID: 91ee5f

>>756247
Jaa, is it humiliating for you that pretty much everyone that isn't a Suskenian has to crouch down so that they can speak close to eye level with you? I'm surprised that your neck doesn't hurt from having to look up at them all the time! XD

>Brother.
Ask about her brother. You haven't met him yet and I think before you do meet him, we should find out if he's like their father and won't talk to you much about Nguorkelo and her condition.

>>756248
>Lost their boat.
That really sucks. I hope they managed to save most of the fish they were going to sell.

>>756251
>If somebody sees a Raitekian at my house, it'd ruin my reputation! They'd say I have sympathies with the enemy!
Oh no! I didn't think about that when I said we should bring Jaruel to talk with Eliri and Toti! Quickly, let's move away before anyone sees! I guess tell Jaruel that we're going to have to meet her tomorrow to have a talk with her.

Jaa, I'm so sorry about that. I didn't think that we'd cause problems for Toti, I just wanted to help. This was all my idea, so that makes this my fault. I'm sorry for being such a useless involuntary reflex. Please don't be mad at me! :'(
>>
No. 756284 ID: 398fe1

Didn't you have a psychic to track down?
>>
No. 756290 ID: 339cf2
File 147794227691.png - (33.05KB , 332x518 , ch2 scene 36a.png )
756290

>Jaa, is it humiliating for you that pretty much everyone that isn't a Suskenian has to crouch down so that they can speak close to eye level with you? I'm surprised that your neck doesn't hurt from having to look up at them all the time! XD

It's not that humiliating, since I know that the rest of the Suskenians are in the same boat, thus making the size difference natural, and un-humiliating. Though I will definitely need to find a joint-setter if the neck-craning continues. These people are tall!

>That was the regent's daughter; a roommate of our friend. I suppose she's meeting with her father or someone associated with him. Bad timing and manners on our part.

Yeah, I can't believe I let that slip my mind. I definitely should've checked with Totilla first. Fortunately, it seems that no harm was done.

>Bit of a mistake on my part...

:bqjaa: «Bit of a mistake on my part; I should have thought to check with her first. You see, that was Totilla. She's a very important political figure in this country at the moment, and thus has several responsibilities. She's just worried about how a meeting with a Raitekian would look, considering the tensions between your two species. I don't think she meant any offense. But she said she could meet tomorrow morning.»

:bqjaruel: «Alright, I guess.»

>Escort Jaruel back to the park, and talk with her on the way; ask her about the onset of this curse, and try to look for correlating factors and potential causes (the necklaces as well as anything else relevant). If Nguorkelo still isn't at the park, then ask Jaruel to meet you there tomorrow morning to talk with Totilla and Eliënqi.

:bqjaa: «Why don't I escort you back to the park?»

:bqjaruel: «Ok then.»

:bqjaa: «So, what do you know about when or how Nguorkelo's condition started?»

:bqjaruel: «I know it wasn't placed on her personally. The curse was placed on the Raitekians after the attack, and lay dormant for several years in the future children of those who were involved in the invasion. Only recently, when we resisted their attempts to retake the land, did it activate. It was slow at first, but now it seems that new cases are popping up everywhere.»

:bqjaa: «What about for Nguorkelo specifically?»

:bqjaruel: «I don't really know the details... I don't even know for sure exactly when it started. It didn't really change her personality in a particularly noticeable way, she just slowly kind of became aggressive, but unreasonably so, and at seemingly random times. Admoči was the only one who would be able to calm her down. Well, him and a strange Šujďëkund they met while traveling once. I guess, I'd say that probably started about... six years ago? I was two, and she was five.»

Ugh, 'Šujďëkund'. Raitekian word for Selnakarivan.

>Ask about her brother. You haven't met him yet and I think before you do meet him, we should find out if he's like their father and won't talk to you much about Nguorkelo and her condition.

:bqjaa: «Ugh, anyway... What's your brother like? If I were to meet him, would he be disinclined to speak about Nguorkelo's condition, like your father.»

:bqjaruel: «I don't know. He's pretty neutral about... well, everything. He doesn't seem to dislike the Tellikans as much as Nguoro or Katreš, he was even friendly with the Mårk-Liondi. He seems to just kind of get along with everyone. As for talking about Nguoro's condition, I don't know if he really knows much about it. Neither Katreš nor Nguoro talk about it that much, I only really know so much because Nguoro tends to confide in me about stuff like that. But I don't think he'd be unwilling. He might actually be excited to chat with a mainland Suskenian. You see, we're based in Tažilao, so we only really see the Island Suskenians.»

:bqjaa: «That's quite interesting. I would love to properly meet your family.»

:bqjaruel: «Hehe, if we haven't scared you off before then!»

We reach the park without much else of note.

:bqjaruel: «I guess I'll see you tomorrow then?»

:bqjaa: «Yes, Totilla and Eliri are coming as well.»

:bqjaruel: «Hmm... If the Tellikans are going to be here, maybe it isn't such a good idea for Nguoro to come too.»

:bqjaa: «Oh, right. Hmm...»

Hmm, how can we get a Tellikan-hating Raitekian peacefully together with the Tellikan she just beat up? If Nguorkelo doesn't come, Jaruel and I will still be able to chat with Totilla and Eliënqi. But I won't be able to finally speak with Nguorkelo!

:bqjaa: «Bring Nguorkelo, I'll see if I can postpone the meeting with my friends.»

:bqjaruel: «Ok then. Oh, one more thing; What's your name?»

:bqjaa: «What's my name? Oh, sorry! My name is Jaa.»

Did I seriously forget to introduce myself when I was speaking to her and Katreš?! How did I manage that?

:bqjaruel: «Ok, bye Jaa.»
>>
No. 756291 ID: 339cf2
File 147794228253.png - (12.48KB , 205x276 , ch2 scene 36b.png )
756291

>Didn't you have a psychic to track down?

>After that, discretely ask around after a Velēn.

How would you have me go about doing that? I don't know anything about these Velēns, save for that they're difficult to track down. Not to mention, how would I even begin a search for somebody like that? Just ask around? "Excuse me, you wouldn't happen to know anyone who can forcefully root around in people's brains, would you? What? You don't? What? You're calling the authorities?" Definitely something I would consider suspicious, and not the kind of attention I'd want to attract to myself.

No, I think we'll wait until we have some more information on what they do, or at least something to go on to look for them.


>do some research to prepare for those meetings tomorrow, to understand as much as possible the differing perspectives of the two species regarding mental effects and these necklaces.

This is a good idea, even though we decided to postpone the meeting. Plus, we can do a little homework on the Velēns, or perhaps an alternative. Plusplus, İ need practice reading. Speaking Alauno is a lot easier than reading, so I could use the practice anyway.

So I'll go to the library to do some general purpose research, unless anyone has any objections?

>>
No. 756347 ID: 91ee5f

Nope, no objections!

Actually, what time is it? Isn't it time for lunch or something? You should probably think about getting something to eat. The real question is: Should you eat before going to the library or after going to the library?
>>
No. 756359 ID: 339cf2
File 147795890266.png - (16.87KB , 189x385 , ch2 conclusion.png )
756359

>Nope no objections

>Actually, what time is it? Isn't it time for lunch or something? You should probably think about getting something to eat. The real question is: Should you eat before going to the library or after going to the library?

What? No, I just ate this morning. I'm fine until tomorrow.

I'll just head to the library, do my research, and then go home to bed.

>>
No. 756360 ID: 339cf2
File 147795890993.png - (297.30KB , 750x653 , ch2 end.png )
756360

>>
No. 756467 ID: 20e2dc
File 147801474594.png - (269.77KB , 507x739 , scene 1.png )
756467

Rojkadhä Meirnek's Personal Castle - Rijstelkönd Kingdom of Karba

Oh, hello. Good of you to join me.

I'm currently hiding, as there are Assassins in the castle. They're after me. It's because they don't believe I'm being harsh enough on our enemies, and want me deposed.

I need to get to my Safe Room, but that's on the other side of the castle. I can't trust anybody, as they may be the Assassin in disguise. I only have two main options:

I could try to sneak through the window right here, into the courtyard and escape to the Guard Barracks nearby;

Or I could try to make it through my castle to my personal safe room, where I shall wait for the threat(s) to leave.

Whatever option I choose, I need to do it quickly.

>>
No. 756531 ID: ba506f

safe rooms probably your best bet since you said you can't trust people... just one quick question, how likely is it that they know where your safe room is? It wouldn't be all that safe if it was compromised now would it?
>>
No. 756533 ID: 91ee5f

How good are you at sneaking? If you know of a quick and easy route through the castle that'll let you move undetected, then go for your safe room.
>>
No. 756634 ID: 204cbb
File 147808808126.png - (121.20KB , 758x769 , scene 2.png )
756634

>How good are you at sneaking? If you know of a quick and easy route through the castle that'll let you move undetected, then go for your safe room.

I do know of a couple routes I could take, each with their own benefits. I've color coded them in this map, for ease of explanation.

The blue route is the shortest route, meaning I will be spending the least amount of time exposed. But, it's likely to be quite populated, as it goes by the social rooms.

The red route will lead me to my personal armoury, giving me a chance to defend myself, and will take me to the South end, which is much less populated, save for a few guards occasionally patrolling. It will take a bit longer though. If we continue the red route at the intersection, we may meet a few people, but I'd have a weapon to defend myself.

The red route splits into the green route at the intersection to the East Hall. This will be the safest option, if not the longest, because the hallway is almost guaranteed to be empty.


>how likely is it that they know where your safe room is? It wouldn't be all that safe if it was compromised now would it?

You've answered your own question. "It wouldn't be all that safe if it was compromised now would it?"

Of course I'm the only one who knows where it is! Me and only my closest, most trusted advisors. But I already know that they're in the safe house, so they're safe.

>>
No. 756652 ID: 594c18

>>756634
>most trusted advisors
Are you sure? Really, really sure? Often it's the closest ones that betray you...
Well okay, maybe more like the betrayal is often only successful if it's those that are close. But you know whatever. Keep a paranoid eye on them is what I'm saying.

Also red and green route. Having a weapon is very useful especially if you might be betrayed by someone you trust and you already said it's the safety route. Plus the full red route isn't really even any faster than red and green.
>>
No. 756653 ID: 91ee5f

>>756652
Agreed.
>>
No. 756674 ID: 339cf2
File 147812107220.png - (43.11KB , 627x354 , scene 3.png )
756674

>Are you sure? Really, really sure? Often it's the closest ones that betray you...

They wouldn't do that. They're far too loyal to even consider something of that sort.

>Well okay, maybe more like the betrayal is often only successful if it's those that are close. But you know whatever. Keep a paranoid eye on them is what I'm saying.

I don't think it'll be necessary, but sure. As we all know, paranoia is one of the most important traits for someone of a position as high as my own.

>Also red and green route. Having a weapon is very useful especially if you might be betrayed by someone you trust and you already said it's the safety route. Plus the full red route isn't really even any faster than red and green.

Good idea, if I'm gonna be in danger anyway, I may as well have some way to defend myself. The coast seems clear for now, I'm going for it!
>>
No. 756675 ID: 339cf2
File 147812107868.png - (87.41KB , 698x755 , scene 3b.png )
756675

Alright, I made it down the hall! I just need to release the seal I put on the wall to release my weapon.

The Rapier. I prefer keeping a distance to my enemies while killing them.

Anyway, I ought to continue on the route I planned earlier.

>>
No. 756679 ID: 398fe1

There's someone there! Further along the route, just rounding the corner.
>>
No. 756681 ID: 90f3c0

Someone's coming, ready your sword.
>>
No. 756692 ID: 91ee5f

Someone's here!
>>
No. 756726 ID: 339cf2
File 147813586143.png - (57.39KB , 531x506 , scene 4a.png )
756726

>Someone's coming, ready your sword.

:bqroj: Halt! Who's there!

The servant shrieks and drops a bucket of water all over the floor.

:bqserv1: I'm sarry mi lord! Et's only mi ser! I didn mean ta frighten yu!

:bqroj: Er, a servant...

It was only a servant, it's alright. He's not a threat, as he clearly has no place to conceal a weapon.

:bqroj: What are you doing in the hallway with a bucket of water?

:bqserv1: I wus just goin ta woter the plants mi lord! Theyr lookin a bit droopy in the noth-west hollway!

:bqroj: Well, clean this up.

:bqserv1: Yes ser, yes mi lord!
>>
No. 756727 ID: 339cf2
File 147813586962.png - (58.14KB , 512x616 , scene 4b.png )
756727

I suppose it's safe to assume that I'm the only one who knows of the assassin... The servants wouldn't be doing such minor jobs if there was a threat.

:hdews: Hiw2EudK9Zzzz1
>>
No. 756728 ID: 339cf2
File 147813587470.png - (89.93KB , 360x714 , scene 4c.png )
756728

:bqjaa: Let go of me!

:hdews: Struggle, little one!

:bqjaa: Stop!

:hdews: Excuse me sir.

:bqnoone: Sir?
>>
No. 756729 ID: 339cf2
File 147813587843.png - (25.90KB , 406x273 , scene 4d.png )
756729

:bqjaa: Huh?

:bqnoone: Excuse me sir, could you please not sleep on the history books?

:bqjaa: Er, y-yeah. Sorry.

Oops! I must've fallen asleep while reading in the library!
>>
No. 756730 ID: 339cf2
File 147813588410.png - (45.94KB , 488x478 , scene 4e.png )
756730

:bqjaa: I'm so sorry for falling asleep, I must be stressed out from the last couple days.

:bqlibrary: Sure, sure. I'm just wondering how you got in here.

:bqjaa: I'm sorry?

:bqlibrary: I just opened up, were you here all night?

:bqjaa: Excuse me?! All night?! What time is it?

:bqlibrary: It's early morning, I'm just preparing for the library to open. Were you here all night?

:bqjaa: I-I guess so...

My goodness! I must be working myself harder than I realised! What was it that I needed to do again today?
>>
No. 756790 ID: 91ee5f

>>756730
>What was it that I needed to do again today?
You were going to set out to find someone special and fall madly in love with them! XD

.....yeah, I know bad joke. I just had to say something to check and see if you were paying attention or if you were still half asleep.

Seriously though, look at what you're doing right now with the librarian. You're neck-craning. You were going to find a joint-setter to fix that pain in your neck. Hopefully if the joint-setter is another big person, they don't accidentally snap your tiny neck with their giant hands.

What's in the book you were sleeping on? And what did you learn from all the other books you read before you fell asleep? Did you find any useful info to help you prepare for your meetings today, to understand as much as possible about the differing perspectives of the two species regarding mental effects, the necklaces, the Kremul-Täitet, and/or the Velēns?

Speaking of meetings, you said you were only going to meet with Jaruel and Nguorkelo today and postpone having them meet with Totilla and Eliënqi. So you should go and tell Totilla and Eliënqi about postponing the meeting.

That's pretty much everything I can think of. But before you do any of that, you should go eat some breakfast. Hopefully it's not so early that none of the food vendors are open yet. Don't want a repeat of what happened yesterday!
>>
No. 756799 ID: 594c18

Oh, so that was just your dream? Okay, I suppose that makes more sense than us spontaneously hopping to someone else.

Is that someone you were reading about, then? And if so, what happened to them?
>>
No. 756821 ID: 2f5930
File 147817762056.png - (12.37KB , 186x208 , scene 5a.png )
756821

>You were going to set out to find someone special and fall madly in love with them! XD

I don't think that's right...

>Seriously though, look at what you're doing right now with the librarian. You're neck-craning. You were going to find a joint-setter to fix that pain in your neck.

Yeah, maybe I can find someone to help me with that, especially if I'm going to be here for a while.

>Hopefully if the joint-setter is another big person, they don't accidentally snap your tiny neck with their giant hands.

...

Or maybe I can wait until I get back home


>What's in the book you were sleeping on? And what did you learn from all the other books you read before you fell asleep? Did you find any useful info to help you prepare for your meetings today, to understand as much as possible about the differing perspectives of the two species regarding mental effects, the necklaces, the Kremul-Täitet, and/or the Velēns?

Well, I was sleeping on a history book about Recent Raitekian Rulers (Which is not what the book is titled, but should have been) and it seems to be the only book on them with little to no war-bias. Back home, I never really studied so hard into individual rulers, but this is pretty interesting. Some other books I found were similar books about Tellikan Rulers and other general histories, but actually not a lot regarding Velēns.

However, I did learn that the belief in crystals tends to vary based on the individual, or location. The Tellikans' beliefs and religions seem to be organizing somewhat, in that there's beginning to be some documentation about how it's supposed to work and how you're supposed to work and stuff like that. But crystals seem to be generally recognized as important to the Tellikans, but less important to the Raitekians.

I didn't expect to find much about Kremul-Täitet, being a Raitekian affliction, but I think I may have found an interesting connection. There was a time about fifty years ago in some Tellikan Province in the South-East, when it was noted that some people began acting aggressively, or out of control at seemingly random times, just like Kremul-Täitet for the Raitekians. The Tellikans didn't seem to think it was a curse though. They thought it was because there was some kind of 'evil' in the air in that area, so they evacuated the whole city. According to this book, it's been abandoned ever since. I'll have to look into this in the future.

>>
No. 756822 ID: 2f5930
File 147817762852.png - (13.47KB , 152x264 , scene 5b.png )
756822

>Speaking of meetings, you said you were only going to meet with Jaruel and Nguorkelo today and postpone having them meet with Totilla and Eliënqi. So you should go and tell Totilla and Eliënqi about postponing the meeting.

Right, I better go do that before it's too late.

>Oh, so that was just your dream? Okay, I suppose that makes more sense than us spontaneously hopping to someone else.

You were in somebody else in my dream? What did I dream about? I vaguely remember... A castle?

>Is that someone you were reading about, then? And if so, what happened to them?

Well, the book I fell asleep on was King Rojkadhä, who was the previous Raitekian King of Skei-Go. I think he survived like, six assassination attempts in the early months of the war. After that, he was kind of regarded as invincible. In true Ironic Fashion, he was killed by one of his most trusted advisors in a 'staged' assassination attempt.

>That's pretty much everything I can think of. But before you do any of that, you should go eat some breakfast. Hopefully it's not so early that none of the food vendors are open yet. Don't want a repeat of what happened yesterday!

I should probably go take care of Totilla first, as I feel like that's the event that would have the worst consequences at the moment. I can eat breakfast afterwards, or even after the meeting with Nguorkelo.
>>
No. 756823 ID: 2f5930
File 147817764502.png - (40.00KB , 355x524 , scene 5c.png )
756823

Conveniently, the library is right on the edge of the Pink District, so it doesn't take long to get to Totilla's house. I'll just knock on the do-

:bqtoti: Jaa! I was just leaving to the park, what are you doing here?

:bqjaa: Er, well I was actually coming to say that maybe we should postpone the meeting.

:bqtoti: What? Is this because of what I said? I'm sorry, I was hosting a meeting with some other, more 'conservative' Tellikans.

:bqjaa: No, it's not because of that.

What should we tell her? Should we say it's because Nguorkelo is also rather 'conservative', and doesn't appreciate Tellikans? I don't want to offend her, but I wouldn't know what else to say.
>>
No. 756835 ID: 91ee5f

>>756822
>You were in somebody else in my dream? What did I dream about? I vaguely remember... A castle?
>Well, the book I fell asleep on was King Rojkadhä, who was the previous Raitekian King of Skei-Go.
It actually sounds like we were in King Rojkadhä during one of those assassination attempts. I couldn't tell which one of those attempts it was, but it sounded like we were helping him get to his safe room and then you woke up.

>>756823
There really isn't anyway to say it without sounding offensive. I think you should explain about Nguorkelo's condition and you hope that you and her sister, Jaruel, can talk to her first to see if she'll be ok with meeting her and Eliënqi. But, if you can't convince Nguorkelo or she doesn't show up at the park to meet you and Jaruel, then you'll come back and let her know.

Ask if it would be ok to bring Jaruel when you come back or if she's going to be busy later, ask when would be a good time and place to meet. If we can't get Nguorkelo and Jaruel, then we want at least Jaruel to meet with Totilla.
>>
No. 756842 ID: 594c18

>>756822
Yup, that's the guy. Rojkadhä Meirnek. Well, that's neat.

Yeah, saying that Nguorkelo is "conservative" is probably about the best way to say it. Maybe you can offer to have her hang out somewhere near the park, though, that you could relocate the meeting to if it goes well?
>>
No. 756856 ID: 398fe1

...wait a minute, at the end of that dream you were no longer the king, and you were attacked by something that didn't look like it fit in... That doesn't fit with the narrative. I think that was a psychic attack.
>>
No. 756880 ID: 339cf2
File 147822228960.png - (26.10KB , 265x421 , scene 6a.png )
756880

>It actually sounds like we were in King Rojkadhä during one of those assassination attempts. I couldn't tell which one of those attempts it was, but it sounded like we were helping him get to his safe room and then you woke up.

That would make sense to me. The last thing I remember reading about was his death.

>...wait a minute, at the end of that dream you were no longer the king, and you were attacked by something that didn't look like it fit in... That doesn't fit with the narrative. I think that was a psychic attack.

Or, it was just a dream. I don't know if you know this, but dreams generally tend not to follow 'the rules'...

But now I'm curious, do you guys actually remember every detail of my dreams? I can hardly remember any of it.


>There really isn't anyway to say it without sounding offensive. I think you should explain about Nguorkelo's condition and you hope that you and her sister, Jaruel, can talk to her first to see if she'll be ok with meeting her and Eliënqi. But, if you can't convince Nguorkelo or she doesn't show up at the park to meet you and Jaruel, then you'll come back and let her know.

:bqjaa: I was going to have Jaruel bring her sister, Nguorkelo. She's the one that beat up Eliri, and she's a bit 'conservative' in the way she views Tellikans.

:bqtoti: I see... Well, I understand. I suppose what goes around comes around. Anyway, you didn't need to meet soon, did you? Because I'll be pretty busy for almost the entirety of next week. The next time I'm free is either the Afternoon of the 5th or the 6th. But, if you want to hang out with Eliri, she's not doing anything. Oh yeah, you should take her to the Tirkëzan Čourük tonight!

:bqjaa: The what? Is that, the Sacrificing Festival? That's tonight?

:bqtoti: Yeah, it's the eclipse! You should definitely take Eliri, it'll be fun! She needs to get out, and you'll get to know each other better!

:bqjaa: Hmm... I'll consider it.

:bqtoti: Alright, good. Just stop by when you're ready. I probably won't be around, but Eliri and Kori will. You'd better get going, you don't want to keep your Raitekian friends waiting.

:bqjaa: Right, I'll see you later.

She closes the door, dissappearing back into the house.

Alright, that went well. I suppose I was planning on going to the festival anyway, it wouldn't hurt to go along with Eliri.

Anyway, I ought to get back to the park to meet Jaruel and Nguorkelo.

>>
No. 756881 ID: 339cf2
File 147822229735.png - (76.24KB , 786x370 , scene 6b.png )
756881

They appear to be waiting for me, chatting away. They don't notice me coming up, so I sit down next to them.

:bqjaa: Good morning Jaruel.

Nguorkelo looks at me and gets all excited.

:bqnguorkelo: That's Jaa?! You didn't tell me he was HER!

Whoa

:bqjaa: Er, I- You must be Nguorkelo.

:bqjaruel: Nguoro, you shouldn't yell like that!

:bqnguoro: That's the insect from earlier!

:bqjaa: Insect- Er, yes, that's me.

:bqnguoro: How did you do it?

:bqjaa: I'm sorry? How did I do what?

:bqnguoro: How did you get me to run away? I've never run away from a fight, especially with a Tellikan, ESPECIALLY that I was WINNING. And you're not scary, your a little insect! You must be a powerful psychic!

:bqjaa: Er, I'm not. I just said regular, non-psychic words.

:bqnguoro: Hey! Don't lie to me, because I can tell!

:bqjaa: But, I'm not-

:bqnguoro: Ha! Just kidding! Did you see how flustered you were? I bet you'd turn purple if I kept going any further. You know, you're actually alright. You're pretty cool. I would've thought you'd be one of those bookish people, like Admoraki. But yesterday, you demanded I get off that fourthy, even though I could've crushed you under my small toe. That's respectable.

:bqjaa: I... Ok?

This is not how I'd expected her to be, not in the least. I think I heard three Racial-Based insults in one sentence! Ugh, not exactly pleasant conversation.

Anyway, if we ever get a chance to speak, was there anything in particular that we wanted to discuss with her? Other than about the fight, of course.

>>
No. 756925 ID: 398fe1

You could also ask where she was yesterday. She went missing... oh, right. Also ask where you can find a psychic. We need to talk to one, don't we?

Hey, did you forget to wear your purple gem? I advise wearing it while you're sleeping, as well.
>>
No. 756931 ID: ba506f

>That's Jaa?! You didn't tell me he was HER!
so you are a girl.

anyways might as well get her side of the story. From what little I'm getting here I'm not so sure she's actually trying to be rude instead of just being very very blunt with her vocabulary. As in she's not trying to offend anyone but at the same time could care less if she does. It's just how she talks.
>>
No. 756933 ID: 91ee5f

>>756880
>But now I'm curious, do you guys actually remember every detail of my dreams? I can hardly remember any of it.
We can remember every detail, but only from where we join in your dream. For example, we just joined in where the king asked us for help to get to his safe room. If anything happened before that, we missed it. Everything after the moment we join up to when you wake up, we can remember.

>Yeah, it's the eclipse! You should definitely take Eliri, it'll be fun! She needs to get out, and you'll get to know each other better!
That actually sounds like a great idea!

>>756881
It looks like it was a good thing we stopped Toti from coming along.

Let's just ask her what started the fight and get her side of the story.
>>
No. 756939 ID: e93c2f
File 147828811768.png - (43.73KB , 478x362 , scene 7a.png )
756939

>so you are a girl.

Yes I am. We covered that yesterday, didn't we?

>From what little I'm getting here I'm not so sure she's actually trying to be rude instead of just being very very blunt with her vocabulary. As in she's not trying to offend anyone but at the same time could care less if she does. It's just how she talks.

I'm sure that's how it is as well, it's just a little jarring.

>We can remember every detail, but only from where we join in your dream. For example, we just joined in where the king asked us for help to get to his safe room. If anything happened before that, we missed it. Everything after the moment we join up to when you wake up, we can remember.

Interesting, we'll have to discuss this more a bit later.

>That actually sounds like a great idea!

I suppose it does, doesn't it? So I guess it's settled, we'll stop by tonight to pick up Eliri and go to the festival. It'll be a great bonding moment.

>Hey, did you forget to wear your purple gem? I advise wearing it while you're sleeping, as well.

I suppose it couldn't hurt to wear it while I sleep, it is when I'm most vulnerable (due to not being conscious and all). But if this is about the weird shift you mentioned about the dream, I'm sure it has nothing to do with psychic magic. I've had dreams before, and I've had them change before. I'm sure there's nothing weird going on.

>You could also ask where she was yesterday. She went missing...

:bqjaa: So where were you yesterday? You went missing for a while.

:bqnguoro: I didn't go 'missing', I was exactly where I said I'd be. It just turns out that this dumb bird sitting next to me somehow doesn't understand directions!

:bqjaruel: That's not true, you said you'd be at the North Park, not the South one!

:bqnguoro: I certainly did not say that. I always go to the Southern park because it's bigger and more empty. I don't like flowers, so I always go to the Southern one. You're lucky I owed you a favour, or else I wouldn't have come here.

:bqjaruel: Thanks sis.

>Also ask where you can find a psychic. We need to talk to one, don't we?

I don't think she would know. They're as much of a stranger here as we are.

>Let's just ask her what started the fight and get her side of the story.

Right, we may as well get to the point.

:bqjaa: So, what actually happened yesterday before the fight started?
>>
No. 756940 ID: e93c2f
File 147828812560.png - (14.55KB , 217x195 , scene 7b.png )
756940

I can feel the mood change around us.

:bqnguoro: That Tellikan, Fourthy, Cowardly, Fucking Bitch! I try to do something NICE to them, I do something out of the goodness of my heart, and she just gets in my face, and shoves me back down! She gets all violent as I'm trying to do her a favour!

:bqjaa: Er, ok? Well, do you mind if I-

:bqnguoro: I mean, I go out of my way to help her- I spend MY OWN TIME trying to learn something for you, and this is how you repay me? BY TRYING TO BEAT ME!?
>>
No. 756941 ID: e93c2f
File 147828813950.png - (56.79KB , 574x409 , scene 7c.png )
756941

:bqnguoro: I'LL KILL YOU! BELIEVE ME, I'M CAPABLE OF IT!

:bqjaruel: Nguoro, stop! That's not her! It's Jaa!

:bqnguoro: THIS IS YOUR FAULT! YOU DESERVE THIS!

:bqjaa: What?! It wasn't me, I didn't do-
>>
No. 756942 ID: e93c2f
File 147828814922.png - (239.42KB , 1771x1418 , scene 7d.png )
756942

:bqsjaa: -anything!

Huh? What just happened?
>>
No. 756946 ID: 79a07e

>>756942
Welllll. Well well well.

This is interesting. First thing's first, do your best to calm her down. She's feeling INCREDIBLY hostile right now. Reassure her that you're not her, that you can understand her frustration, all that good stuff as best you can. And do it fast.

Not sure if you're registering this, but there's a LOT of emotions flowing around this gal right now- and we can READ them.

Background and foreground, to an extent. I'm not sure if she's thinking about you or the other girl (probably the other girl), but here's what's swirling up in that skull of hers- in order from most 'visible' to us to 'least visible':

"SHE DOESN'T DESERVE YOUR GENEROSITY"
"SHE'S AFRAID OF YOU"
"WHAT DID SHE DO?"
and this one's the largest, but also the hardest to see-

"DO IT- KILL HER"

My guess is that it's subconscious thoughts, from 'loudest' to 'quietest'.

...tread even more carefully than you have been, Jaa.
>>
No. 756948 ID: 398fe1

>>756942
Be authoritative, and assertive. That worked last time. Tell her to stand down, you are not her enemy. Tell her to remember where she is. She is in the north park, talking with her sister.

The auras around her seem to match her thoughts... red for "what did she do", yellow for "she doesn't deserve your generosity", pink for "she's afraid of you", purple for "do it kill her". These almost sound like psychic commands, except for the red one.
I know you didn't believe in psychic phenomena but I think this exchange might change your mind.
...maybe you can focus on your gem to direct your commands, to counteract her intrusive thoughts/commands? Or to stabilize her, somehow? I wonder if that red circle under her is normal because of her mood, or part of her "curse"? Her other colors seem to match yours. Well, in either case, trying to direct your power to get rid of the red circle is a good idea I think.
>>
No. 756949 ID: 594c18

>>756939
>we already covered I'm a girl
oh, I guess we did, we were just more focused on your feelings at the time.

>>756942
Well, this is definitely some psychic shenanigans. Still not convinced one way or the other on the dream.

Anyway, uh, like they said. Tell her firmly to calm down and hope it works.

I strongly suspect the red ring is an outside influence. If you could somehow break it that would be awesome. But I haven't any idea how, unless you can just like pick it up now you're in this weird mode.
>>
No. 756963 ID: 398fe1

Wait a second, what if the red ring is what's keeping Nguoro from attacking? Well, if we can calm her down FIRST then we can mess with the ring.
>>
No. 757126 ID: 616bfd
File 147838817575.png - (102.56KB , 813x704 , scene 8a.png )
757126

>"SHE DOESN'T DESERVE YOUR GENEROSITY"
>"SHE'S AFRAID OF YOU"
>"WHAT DID SHE DO?"
>and this one's the largest, but also the hardest to see-

>"DO IT- KILL HER"

This is highly unsettling!

>I know you didn't believe in psychic phenomena but I think this exchange might change your mind. 

Mind officially changed!

>...maybe you can focus on your gem to direct your commands, to counteract her intrusive thoughts/commands? Or to stabilize her, somehow?

I can try to- Ah! I don't have it, it's not here with me! It's still in my bag in the 'real world'!

>I strongly suspect the red ring is an outside influence. If you could somehow break it that would be awesome. But I haven't any idea how, unless you can just like pick it up now you're in this weird mode.

Good idea, If I can get the circle away, maybe I can reason with her!

>Wait a second, what if the red ring is what's keeping Nguoro from attacking? Well, if we can calm her down FIRST then we can mess with the ring.

Aaaaaaah!
>>
No. 757127 ID: 616bfd
File 147838818411.png - (212.45KB , 1771x1279 , scene 8b.png )
757127

>Anyway, uh, like they said. Tell her firmly to calm down and hope it works. 

I'll try, but I'm kind of panicking right now! I don't know if I'll be able to pull it off properly!

:bqsjaa: Nguoro, calm down! You have the wrong person!

:bqsnguoro: Don't tell me what to do, fourthy!

:bqsjaa: But I'm not a f- I not one of those! Look at me! How could I possibly be one of them!?

:bqsnguoro: Because you- Because… You're, you're not one of them?

:bqsjaa: No, I'm not! Just look at me!

:bqsnguoro: You're… you're not not one of them… But then, what are you doing here? You shouldn't be here, you're- I remember you now.

:bqsnguoro: I almost killed-
>>
No. 757128 ID: 616bfd
File 147838819111.png - (35.04KB , 412x363 , scene 8c.png )
757128

:bqnguoro: -you.

:bqjaruel: Nguoro, stop it!

:bqnguoro: Wha- I-

:bqjaa: What just happened?

:bqnguoro: I- I don't-

We're back in the real world! Thank goodness! I have no clue what just happened, but it seems to be over for now. Nguoro seems rather flustered, but she doesn't seem to be murderous anymore! Jaruel is sitting with her, and they're talking quietly.

What does someone even do in this situation? I think I need to lie down!

>>
No. 757130 ID: 398fe1

>>757128
Oh, a new set of messages appeared before you got kicked out of that weird space. I think she has voices in her head just like yours... but she might be having problems with reliving memories. We have perfect recall, maybe her voices do too but it leaks into her head so she relives things whenever her voices recall information?
I say this because the new set was:
purple "THAT'S NOT HER"
red "I TOLD YOU SO"
brighter red "GET AWAY NOW"
yellow "SHE ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE HERE"
green "SHE'S STILL AFRAID" "APOLOGIZE"
cyan "YOU IDIOT"
and a very faded small grey "KILL HER ANYWAY"

So it's probably not someone trying to control her, it's like she has a bunch of people talking to her in that weird black space, giving her advice and commenting on the situation. Though it's possible someone else besides you did something to trigger her flashback? It's hard to really eliminate the possibility of someone trying to kill you through her.

Anyway, ask what that red ring around her feet was. Hmm, I wonder if that pink x on her chest at the end was anything important.
>>
No. 757134 ID: 4854ef

You may wish to back away.. A few feet or yards away from her, you know, just in case after an outburst like that.
>>
No. 757137 ID: 91ee5f

Allow me to rephrase my previous statement: It was an extremely good thing we stopped Toti from coming along! There's no telling what would've happened if she did come with us!

>>757128
>What does someone even do in this situation? I think I need to lie down!
Shh, shh, shh, it's ok. It's over now. Deep breaths. Normally this is the point where you'd get a hug to help you calm down, but seeing as we're just voices in your head, that's not going to happen.....sorry. <:-(

>>757130
>Has voices like Jaa.
I think you meant to say, "Has voices in her head, just like a Suskenian." The entire species is like that, not just Jaa.

Regardless, I think you're right.

>Voices trigger mood swings.
>Is being used through psychic manipulation.
>Possibly being manipulated into killing Jaa.
All of those sound plausible. If only there was some way to know for sure.

>Ask Nguoro about red ring and pink X.
That sounds like a good thing to ask. Just don't get your hopes up and expect any answers. I'm not entirely sure Nguoro was entirely aware of what was around her and was too focused of Jaa to even notice those things.

But it doesn't hurt to ask. Who knows? Maybe she can give us some answers.
>>
No. 757140 ID: 594c18

I'd like to see if we can get back into that space, but with your gem and without her in rage mode. Buuuut that's probably not happening.

Before asking her anything specific, ask if she saw that too. If you just launch in with "so was that red ring you or something else" she'll think you're extra crazy.
>>
No. 757173 ID: 594c18

Oh, and pull out your gem before you're caught flatfooted by something else.
>>
No. 757187 ID: 4d0e33

>>757128
Before you say anything else, tell Nguoro that it's alright, and you don't blame her.

Ask her, "is it always like that, when you feel out of control of your actions?"

Tell her exactly what you saw, and that you want to help.
>>
No. 757311 ID: 339cf2
File 147855771852.png - (12.08KB , 185x266 , scene 9a.png )
757311

>I'd like to see if we can get back into that space, but with your gem and without her in rage mode. Buuuut that's probably not happening. 

I would not like to see that! I don't know if you're able to feel what I'm feeling, but there was nothing there. It was like we were sitting in nothing, but not floating or falling. I couldn't even feel my own body. Never have I been more appreciative of my own heartbeat, or breaths than right now. It was an indescribable experience, one which I would prefer to refrain from re-experiencing.

>Oh, a new set of messages appeared before you got kicked out of that weird space. I think she has voices in her head just like yours... but she might be having problems with reliving memories. We have perfect recall, maybe her voices do too but it leaks into her head so she relives things whenever her voices recall information? 

>So it's probably not someone trying to control her, it's like she has a bunch of people talking to her in that weird black space, giving her advice and commenting on the situation. Though it's possible someone else besides you did something to trigger her flashback? It's hard to really eliminate the possibility of someone trying to kill you through her. 

That actually sounds rather plausible. I've heard of some Suskenians who've had memories being 'leaked' into their perception of reality sometimes, so if she did somehow have voices too, that could explain it. She did call me a 'fourthy', a common insult used against Tellikans. So it's possible her voices were 'superimposing' Eliri over me due to the sudden memory. I'd honestly really prefer that over somebody trying to kill me through her.

>Allow me to rephrase my previous statement: It was an extremely good thing we stopped Toti from coming along! There's no telling what would've happened if she did come with us! 

Yeah! If this is how she acted through only the memory of the incident, I don't even want to think about the outcome if I'd actually brought Eliri and Toti with me!

>Shh, shh, shh, it's ok. It's over now. Deep breaths. Normally this is the point where you'd get a hug to help you calm down, but seeing as we're just voices in your head, that's not going to happen.....sorry. <:-( 

Your right, I just need to relax. It's over now. And I don't really like hugs anyway, so that's alright. Thank you.

>You may wish to back away.

I think she's safe now, and it would be quite rude if I backed away now, AFTER the incident is over. The last thing I want to do is offend them now!
>>
No. 757312 ID: 339cf2
File 147855772906.png - (27.96KB , 280x363 , scene 9b.png )
757312

:bqnguoro: Ahem, I'm sorry Jaa… You probably want to go now…

>Before you say anything else, tell Nguoro that it's alright, and you don't blame her. 

:bqjaa: It's alright, really. I understand that it happens, and that you didn't mean it.

:bqnguoro: What? You're serious? Even though I almost attacked you?

:bqjaa: I am serious. You didn't mean to, and clearly mistook me for somebody else.

:bqnguoro: Oh… well, ok then.
>>
No. 757313 ID: 339cf2
File 147855773579.png - (38.20KB , 426x372 , scene 9c.png )
757313

>Before asking her anything specific, ask if she saw that too. If you just launch in with "so was that red ring you or something else" she'll think you're extra crazy.

How do I even ask this?

:bqjaa: So…… Was I the only one who saw that?

:bqnguoro: Er, saw what?

:bqjaruel: I didn't see anything unusual.

:bqjaa: It's just, when Nguoro was yelling, I think I had a psychic experience with her.

:bqnguoro: You did!? What was it like? What happened?

:bqjaa: Er, it's kind of hard to describe. It was just the two of us, surrounded by complete blackness. It was like I could 'see' your thoughts, I think. There were odd colours swirling around you, and a red circle around your feet.

:bqnguoro: Is that it? You didn't see anything else, did you?
>>
No. 757314 ID: 339cf2
File 147855774178.png - (37.31KB , 316x342 , scene 9d.png )
757314

>I wonder if that pink x on her chest at the end was anything important.

:bqjaa: Well, you also had some odd pinkish-purple marks on your body. There was a-

:bqnguoro: Er! Nevermind! That's nothing!

She looks nervous. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the marks? Jaruel also seems surprised by Nguoro's reaction.

:bqnguoro: Hey, can we just forget this whole thing happened, and start over?
>>
No. 757315 ID: 398fe1

>>757314
...scars, maybe? She hides them by keeping her fur long. I wonder how they were caused that makes her want to hide them. She's trying to keep that information from her sister, at least. Do you know much about their anatomy? Would cuts in those places be indications of a suicide attempt, or a surgical operation?

Tell her you may as well, since she wasn't able to explain what happened during the incident. Does she want to try again? With a bit more care, this time?
>>
No. 757416 ID: 4d0e33

>>757314
Don't bring the marks up again (or, at least, not with the two of them together; try to ask Nguoro privately so it doesn't embarrass her further in front of Jaruel).

But, with apologies, you do need to ask a few more questions. You're here to help make peace; if someone or something is escalating the situation and making it worse, you need to help stop that. So, offer to help Nguoro find out what's happening with her, and to help stop it.

Ask her about some of the thoughts you "saw", and see if she can help translate. I'm guessing that she heard each "color" of thought in a different "voice". Ask her if she heard many different voices in her head, telling her different things. Ask her about some of the specific things you "saw", and if she heard those as thoughts.

Finally, if she's willing to try to figure this out together and deal with it, ask the two of them if they might know any way to seek out a Velēn, or if they know anyone who would know. Perhaps you can seek one out together? If anyone can help with a psychic affliction...
>>
No. 757458 ID: 594c18

>>757311
>don't really like hugs
>:O

>>757314
Yeah, ask her about that, but later, secretly. She may still not want to talk about it but...

For now, just ask her about the original incident. Same stuff you were going to before she flipped out.

And GET YOUR GEM OUT ALREADY.
>>
No. 758052 ID: d92aea
File 147899438629.png - (19.03KB , 306x347 , scene 10a.png )
758052

> >:O

What's that supposed to mean? I don't like getting hugs! There's nothing weird about that!

>...scars, maybe? She hides them by keeping her fur long. I wonder how they were caused that makes her want to hide them. She's trying to keep that information from her sister, at least. Do you know much about their anatomy? Would cuts in those places be indications of a suicide attempt, or a surgical operation? 

Could be scars, but I'd be unsure of what method. It could've been a suicide attempt, the 'X' was right in between both hearts, and if it penetrated through her chest, it would've killed her. However, the lines of the cross seemed to be too precise to be just a suicide attempt, and what would the lines on her shoulders be for? It looks more like a surgical operation, but I don't know of any operations on that area of the body that would yield such tiny scars. Then again, I'm no doctor.

>Don't bring the marks up again (or, at least, not with the two of them together; try to ask Nguoro privately so it doesn't embarrass her further in front of Jaruel).

That's what I was thinking too. Maybe I could get her to open up about them, but Jaruel warned me that she hardly opens up to anyone, even her father.

>And GET YOUR GEM OUT ALREADY

Alright! Goodness!

>Ask her about some of the thoughts you "saw", and see if she can help translate. I'm guessing that she heard each "color" of thought in a different "voice". Ask her if she heard many different voices in her head, telling her different things. Ask her about some of the specific things you "saw", and if she heard those as thoughts. 

I think it'd be best to leave that topic alone for now. But I certainly will keep it in mind for later.
>>
No. 758053 ID: d92aea
File 147899439929.png - (40.23KB , 420x378 , scene 10b.png )
758053

>But, with apologies, you do need to ask a few more questions. You're here to help make peace; if someone or something is escalating the situation and making it worse, you need to help stop that. So, offer to help Nguoro find out what's happening with her, and to help stop it. 

:bqjaa: Yes, that would be fine. Do you think you'll be able to answer some questions about yesterday now?

:bqnguoro: Yeah, I can do it now. I'm alright.

>For now, just ask her about the original incident. Same stuff you were going to before she flipped out.

:bqjaa: So, when you were, uh, 'raging', you mentioned that you were trying to do her a favour. What was that?

:bqnguoro: Well… I was trying to warn her. She knows the Regent's daughter, and I was trying to warn her to warn her friend to warn the regent about the peace conference.

:bqjaa: You were trying to warn the Regent about... the conference? What's wrong with the peace conference?

:bqnguoro: It isn't real, that's what's wrong with it! It's just a ploy to get close to all the world leaders at the same time.

:bqjaruel: Wait, there's a peace conference?

:bqnguoro: The one the Tovoleans are pretending to host to end our conflict with the F- Er, the Tellnakondi.

:bqjaa: Um… Why do you think it's not real?

:bqnguoro: Why would anyone think it is real? The Tovoleans, who we didn't even know existed until about a year ago, suddenly come out of hiding to end a war that has no impact on them? And how would they even do that? They live in the desert on another continent! Not to mention, there have been dozens of attempts at peace within the last few decades anyway, none of them successful. What could they possibly do that we haven't done already?

:bqjaa: They're inviting, literally, every country to this treaty, something that's never been done before. The pressure of every country in the entire world against you would probably be a pretty good deterrent from war!

:bqnguoro: Even so, there's no guaranteed peace anyway, and I think you know that. It's just a vote on what the peace terms should be. All the countries are just going to take pieces and parts of our countries until there's nothing left. You're all going for your own benefit.

:bqjaa: Well, real conference or not, what would they be doing that requires world leaders, or their representatives to be present?

:bqnguoro: ……Well, I don't know that yet. But it's certainly not to make peace between two warring factions…

This is nonsense. Certainly the Tovoleans are equally concerned about peace as any other race or nation, considering the effect the war is having on the world, and the fact that they exist in that same world. If they think they have a method that may work, I'm inclined to believe them. And I'll do my best to help make it happen, however insignificant that part may seem.

:bqjaa: Alright, let's just move on. What was the actual series of events that started the fight between you and Eliri?

:bqnguoro: Er, well… I came up to the Tellnakond- I'm not very good in social situations, and I didn't know how to start a conversation… So, I just started explaining to her that her friend's father might be in danger. I- I may have gotten a little close to her, and then she shoved me away and I, er, I lost it…

:bqjaa: Ok, that matches up pretty closely with what I heard from her.
>>
No. 758054 ID: d92aea
File 147899440695.png - (25.23KB , 278x274 , scene 10c.png )
758054

>Finally, if she's willing to try to figure this out together and deal with it, ask the two of them if they might know any way to seek out a Velēn, or if they know anyone who would know. Perhaps you can seek one out together? If anyone can help with a psychic affliction...

:bqjaa: So, you wouldn't happen to know anything about psychics would you?

:bqnguoro: Ha, 'do I know anything about psychics'... I'm a psychic user! Of course I know about psychics!

:bqjaa: Well- wait, you're a psychic?

:bqnguoro: I sure am. Pretty good, too. When you're 'afflicted' as I am, you tend to learn about anything that may be remotely relevant to it, and to fixing it.

:bqjaa: Very interesting… How exactly does it work?

:bqnguoro: It's pretty easy, actually. You just direct your Darker Purple energy to mix with another person's, and you're in their thoughts. Not really that difficult, when you practice. What gets really hard, and pretty draining, is when you use your own energy to move and influence somebody else's. That's tough.

:bqjaa: Hmm, but it's still possible, right? Have you ever done it?

:bqnguoro: I've never tried, but I could probably do it if I needed to. I don't really have any reason to though, so I never try.

Well this was unexpected… I didn't expect her to actually be a psychic, let alone an experienced one. I suppose it makes sense though, if I had a mental affliction, I would also do as much research as possible on any related subject, including psychic ability.

Well, I think we have our stories straight now. Nguoro went to go and warn Eliri to warn Totilla to warn the Regent of the possible danger of attending the conference, but was hasty and came off as confrontational. Eliri confronted, and the fight ensued. Was there anything else we were wondering about?

>>
No. 758059 ID: 398fe1

>>758054
Ask what the red circle was. She didn't want to talk about the markings, but didn't react to mentioning the red circle.
>>
No. 758070 ID: 91ee5f

>>758054
Remember, we were looking for a psychic to help you find out who was targeting you that day when the bookstore lady gave you your necklace because she told you someone was going to psychically target you. And once you learn who they are and what their intentions are, then their psychic attacks will be weakened further.

But the only flaw there, is that they'll be forced to come after you physically.

But also remember that Nguoro isn't a professional, so she might not be able to identify whoever is targeting you. It wouldn't hurt to try, right?

So, what do you say, Jaa? Do you want to try and find out who's after you?
>>
No. 758076 ID: 398fe1

Oh RIGHT you could mention that weird dream you had. Now that we know psychic attacks are a real thing that certainly looked like one. The attacker was even using dark purple energy!
>>
No. 758699 ID: 61a013
File 147921788310.png - (15.31KB , 192x301 , scene 11.png )
758699

>Remember, we were looking for a psychic to help you find out who was targeting you that day when the bookstore lady gave you your necklace because she told you someone was going to psychically target you. And once you learn who they are and what their intentions are, then their psychic attacks will be weakened further. 

Right, I'd nearly forgotten about that. That is why I have this crystal isn't it?

>But the only flaw there, is that they'll be forced to come after you physically.

Right again, unfortunately. Maybe I ought to find somebody willing to help me in this case? I'll need someone to escort me across the desert in a few weeks anyway, maybe I can get somebody to help prior to that? Hmm…
>>
No. 758701 ID: 61a013
File 147921789644.png - (50.42KB , 563x455 , scene 11b.png )
758701

>Ask what the red circle was. She didn't want to talk about the markings, but didn't react to mentioning the red circle.

:bqjaa: So, could a psychic user's influence potentially be manifested in visions?

:bqnguoro: Umm…… Sometimes? I guess it depends on how well the user can control himself, or wants to be noticed.

:bqjaa: Could a vision a, say, a sort of 'aura' or 'circle' around the person be significant of a psychic user's influence?

:bqnguoro: Probably not. Everyone has an outer cloak, with is what it sounds like your describing. Sometimes you can catch a glimpse of it, and see the person's 'true colours'.

:bqjaa: Would the intensity of an emotion increase the visibility of the 'cloak'? For example, to the point where a visible circle could be seen around them?

:bqnguoro: Um, that sounds pretty specific, like you're looking for something in particular. But I don't think that sounds right for a person's cloaks… I guess, maybe that could signify a psychic user's influence? I don't really know for sure. I'll have to look it up.

:bqjaa: Ok then.

>Oh RIGHT you could mention that weird dream you had. Now that we know psychic attacks are a real thing that certainly looked like one. The attacker was even using dark purple energy!

Oh my

:bqjaa: Wait, you said dark purple energy?

:bqnguoro: Yeah, what about it?

:bqjaa: Would it be easier to use these energies to attack someone while they're asleep?

:bqnguoro: Well, it depends. If the person didn't know they were being attacked at all, then no, it would probably be equally as easy. Which is very easy. If the victim knew they were a victim, them yes, it would be so much easier, because they'd have their guard down. Especially if they were dreaming.

:bqjaa: I- I see…

:bqnguoro: Why? Do you think you're being attacked?

:bqjaa: I, don't know. Someone warned me a couple days ago that I may want to watch out, and she gave me this, saying it would help. I didn't think anything of it until just recently, when in my dream I was attacked by someone using what appeared to be dark purple energy? I don't really know, I have very little experience with this sort of thing.

:bqnguoro: Hmm… It's possible you're under attack… It is true that the danger of attacking someone while they're asleep is it could alert the victim to your prescence, and potentially give a lot away if you're not careful. Do you have any idea why someone might want to influence you or hurt you?

:bqjaa: I can think of a reason or two…

:bqnguoro: Well, I've never tried this before, but do you want me to try to use psychics to help you? I might be able to find out who is after you, or what they might be trying to do.

>But also remember that Nguoro isn't a professional, so she might not be able to identify whoever is targeting you. It wouldn't hurt to try, right? 

>So, what do you say, Jaa? Do you want to try and find out who's after you?

:bqjaa: I… Suppose it couldn't hurt, right?

:bqnguoro: Ok, let's try this out. Come sit in my lap.

:bqjaa: Ur- What?!

:bqnguoro: If we're in contact physically, it's easier to contact each other psychically.

:bqjaa: O-ok?

Oh boy
>>
No. 758702 ID: 61a013
File 147921790645.png - (29.36KB , 204x298 , scene 11c.png )
758702

Nguoro clasps her hands over over my head.

Urg... I hate physical contact like this... Especially on my antennae, I feel like I can hear her heartbeat! And she's definitely humming, right?
>>
No. 758703 ID: 61a013
File 147921792515.png - (67.89KB , 254x332 , scene 11d.png )
758703

Ah!

Oh, it worked.


:bqsjaa: I think it worked?

:bqsnguoro: Yes, we're connected now.

:bqsjaa: So, you're- You're like, in my head now? You can hear my thoughts?

:bqsnguoro: No, I'm keeping away from your thoughts for now.

:bqsjaa: Er, ok?

:bqsnguoro: Alright, so let's see… Where should we start… I know, let's start with that dream. What did the thing look like? What was it doing that made it seem psychic?

:bqsjaa: Erm…

Hey guys, what did the attacker look like again? Are you able to show me an image of what the thing looked like again?
>>
No. 758704 ID: 61a013
File 147921793496.png - (21.26KB , 135x131 , scene 11d n.png )
758704

Alright, it worked. I'm now connected with Jaa

:bqsjaa: I think it worked?

:bqsnguoro: Yes, we're connected now.

:bqsjaa: So, you're- You're like, in my head now? You can hear my thoughts?

:bqsnguoro: No, I'm keeping away from your thoughts for now.

:bqsjaa: Er, ok?

:bqsnguoro: Alright, so let's see… Where should we start…

Ok, she wanted to identify her attacker, right?

:bqsnguoro: I know, let's start with that dream. What did the thing look like? What was it doing that made it seem psychic?

:bqsjaa: Erm…

Maybe it'd be easier if I did just poke around her thoughts. She seems pretty forgetful for a Suskenian...


You may now speak to Nguorkelo and suggest actions to her as well
>>
No. 758719 ID: ca0e20
File 147923148996.png - (133.54KB , 800x1000 , Thing that Attacked.png )
758719

Nguorkelo! You're adorable!

Also to both of you, here's an artist's representation on what the culprit might look like.
>>
No. 758724 ID: 594c18

>>756727
>>756728
This is when the attack happened. You can see that, right?
Huh, now that I look back that energy seems more black than dark purple...

Also, Nguoro, since you're here:
>>756942
>>757127
Here's that red ring we were talking about. Yeah, it's around you.
Now that you've brought it up, I'm guessing the green helix in the second image - and maybe also the yellow spurts - is your cloak?

And while we're going back to things, we are curious about those purple 'x's. But if you don't want to talk about them that's fine too.
>>
No. 758743 ID: 91ee5f

>>758703
Uhhh, Jaa? We're in Nguorkelo's head now. Sort of in her head. I think it's because she's psychically connected to you. We're going to try to introduce ourselves to her and hopefully she doesn't freak out. Maybe we can help her somehow?

>>758704
Hello, Nguorkelo! Don't be alarmed! We're the voices in Jaa's head and we've been helping her with her job by giving her advice. Also, Jaa isn't the only one that has voices in her head, it's a thing that all Suskenians have. And before you ask, no, none of the Suskenians know why they have us in their heads, we're just there.

So, I'm guessing we're in your head because you've linked with Jaa through a psychic link of some kind. Since you can now also hear us, let us know if there's anything we can do to help both of you.

>Maybe it'd be easier if I did just poke around her thoughts.
OW!!! MY EYE!!! DX

Hey, watch where you're poking around! That hurt! D-:<
>>
No. 758768 ID: 398fe1

>>758704
Hello Nguorkelo. Did you know Suskenians have a part of their brain that talks to the main brain in a swarm of disembodies voices? Or, that's the current theory anyway.

I'm starting to think Suskenians are naturally powerful psychics and we're a manifestation of that. Which is hilarious because Suskenians don't believe in psychic phenomena.
>>
No. 759035 ID: 2da28a
File 147930115430.png - (58.77KB , 414x424 , scenne 12a jaa.png )
759035

>Uhhh, Jaa? We're in Nguorkelo's head now. Sort of in her head. I think it's because she's psychically connected to you. We're going to try to introduce ourselves to her and hopefully she doesn't freak out. Maybe we can help her somehow? 

Oh. Um, ok then?

>Also to both of you, here's an artist's representation on what the culprit might look like.

Oh, yes… I

I haven't thought about him in a long time. I know exactly who that is…

Remember how I said earlier that Karehem wanted revenge for me leaving him? He sent this guy to harass me, and he almost killed me. I couldn't do anything about it since at the time there was a loophole in some law that basically meant Selnakarivans couldn't get in trouble for anything.

I've been trying to forget about the whole experience for some time now, but it always ends up finding its way into my thoughts...

>>
No. 759036 ID: 2da28a
File 147930115846.png - (26.53KB , 200x211 , scenne 12a nguoro.png )
759036

>Nguorkelo! You're adorable! 

I know

>Hello, Nguorkelo! Don't be alarmed! We're the voices in Jaa's head and we've been helping her with her job by giving her advice. Also, Jaa isn't the only one that has voices in her head, it's a thing that all Suskenians have. And before you ask, no, none of the Suskenians know why they have us in their heads, we're just there. 

Ok.

>I'm starting to think Suskenians are naturally powerful psychics and we're a manifestation of that.

That wasn't your first thought? What seems more likely, that you guys are from an actual psychic connection; or that all Suskenians everywhere just happen to have an organ responsible for giving the conscious mind odd, ethereal voices? I'll let you decide, but let me just say, biology has never had any consideration for conciousness.

>So, I'm guessing we're in your head because you've linked with Jaa through a psychic link of some kind. Since you can now also hear us, let us know if there's anything we can do to help both of you. 

That would explain it. As for what you can do to help, you can cooperate, and make sure this girlie here doesn't try to hide anything that may be important!

>OW!!! MY EYE!!! DX 

>Hey, watch where you're poking around! That hurt! D-:<

Oh please, don't kid yourself. I haven't even started yet. Even if I had, you don't have physical forms anyway, you don't have eyes!

>Here's that red ring we were talking about. Yeah, it's around you. 
>Now that you've brought it up, I'm guessing the green helix in the second image - and maybe also the yellow spurts - is your cloak? 

What are you talking about? I don't see a ring, nor do I see any other abstract or colourful shapes!

>And while we're going back to things, we are curious about those purple 'x's. But if you don't want to talk about them that's fine too.

That's personal, thank you very much.

>Also to both of you, here's an artist's representation on what the culprit might look like.

Hmm… It's definitely a Šuukeveran, you can tell by the lack of eyes. But, if that's what you thought the dark purple energy was, you're wrong. This is from a dream, right? It's probably nothing, just 'dream haze'. It happens when you're trying to forget something, your dreams constantly bring it up and keep it in your head.
>>
No. 759037 ID: 2da28a
File 147930116405.png - (62.96KB , 329x332 , scene 12b.png )
759037

:bqsnguoro: You're friends are quite charming.

:bqsjaa: Er… Thanks.

:bqsnguoro: So then, are you seeing what I'm seeing?

:bqsjaa: Yes, I am. It's Poki, a Selnakarivan thug that was sent after me by a crazy Tellikan years ago.

:bqsnguoro: Poki? How can someone become a thug with a name like "Poki"?

:bqsjaa: Uh… I don't know? But he's basically the scum of the universe, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is the one after me.

:bqsnguoro: Hmm… I suppose it could make sense, but would this Tellikan be crazy enough to continue his assault on you after all these years.

:bqsjaa: Er, probably not…

:bqsnguoro: You know, I just thought of something. You said you got that purple crystal from someone who told you to 'watch out'? Could they be the one attacking you?

:bqsjaa: Er… I didn't think about that… Maybe? Actually, come to think about it, it wasn't her that actually told me about that. She gave it to me to help communicate with the Tellikans, because I didn't understand anything they said. It was Eliri and Totilla that told me about its 'protective powers'. So I don't think they would try to give me something to protect myself if they were actually after me. And I don't think I've known them long enough for them to want to attack me or anything.

:bqsnguoro: I suppose that makes sense, if you actually believe a crystal alone is able to protect you from that... Now, there's something I want to try. I want to try to see if the attacker left a trace from when he attacked. Unless you have anything to bring up?

Jaa: Maybe… Did I meet anybody else recently who was kind of weird, or maybe gave me a clue as to who it could've been? Maybe another dream I had?
>>
No. 759058 ID: 188451

You did have that dream right after you first got here. That was a weird dream. Eliri also had a weird dream that day. That guard that helped us find Nguoro apparently overslept that morning for some reason.(he didnt want to say why?) Maybe ask if Nguoro had any dreams yesterday morning?(that day/preceding night) Nothing else I can think of that strikes me as weird.
>>
No. 759059 ID: 91ee5f

>What are you talking about? I don't see a ring, nor do I see any other abstract or colourful shapes!
(Hmm, I guess this means us, the voices, have to actually draw what we want to show the characters, if we want to show them something.)

>you don't have eyes!
Yes, I do! I have a mind's eye! How else do you think I can see you in this psychic link?

Ladies, I know this isn't the right time for this, but I have to ask, have you noticed how much everyone's voice seems to echo in here? ...echo in here? ...in here? ...here?

>>759058
This voice has the right idea.
>>
No. 759071 ID: 47afc6

>What seems more likely, that you guys are from an actual psychic connection; or that all Suskenians everywhere just happen to have an organ responsible for giving the conscious mind odd, ethereal voices? I'll let you decide, but let me just say, biology has never had any consideration for conciousness.
Hey, congenital high-functioning schizophrenia doesn't seem all that improbable to me.
>>
No. 759164 ID: d5d801
File 147934647822.png - (744.96KB , 1280x800 , artflow_201611161723.png )
759164

>>759036
>What are you talking about? I don't see a ring, nor do I see any other abstract or colourful shapes!

...Did you not see the images at all, or did you see yourself and Jaa but not the, uh, "auras" shall we say?
This is rather important.
Also, can you see this, now?

Anyway, at first - when you were raging at Jaa - there was a wavy red ring on the ground around you, with red and yellow wisps rising from it (or something, hard to tell motion when we only get single images); and then when she managed to calm you down, the wavelength of the ring became shorter and there were yellow plumes shooting out and up from it and green helices circling you. Does that sound or look like anything you recognize?

>re: dream attackers
(to both)
It looks like this may have been a false alarm? The energy we saw was black, not dark purple, and if the individual is someone from Jaa's past, it looks like this may well have been a plain old nightmare. And I don't recall as we've had any other experiences that seemed like psychic attacks.

There still might be someone out there, but I don't think they've made their move yet.
>>
No. 759177 ID: 398fe1

>>759164
Ah, you're right, I thought it was purple but it was just black.
>>
No. 759495 ID: 188451

>>746482
>>746483
>>746484
>>746485
By the way, do you understand any of this yet? If not, can you tell what language it is? While normally looking up translations for a dream is useless, we can give you the exact wording on it.
>>
No. 759694 ID: 16a129
File 147947293368.png - (27.56KB , 144x265 , scene 13 jaa.png )
759694

>You did have that dream right after you first got here. That was a weird dream. Eliri also had a weird dream that day. That guard that helped us find Nguoro apparently overslept that morning for some reason.(he didnt want to say why?) Maybe ask if Nguoro had any dreams yesterday morning?(that day/preceding night) Nothing else I can think of that strikes me as weird.

Hmm, that's true. I wonder if there's something going around right now that's affecting people's sleep... I may dig a little further into this in the future, as I'll be seeing Eliri later anyway. Maybe I can also find that guard again. What was his name again, Tuvaš?

>By the way, do you understand any of this yet? If not, can you tell what language it is? While normally looking up translations for a dream is useless, we can give you the exact wording on it.

I don't understand any of this, it's completely foreign to me. Although it may be good to bring up with Nguoro.

>Ladies, I know this isn't the right time for this, but I have to ask, have you noticed how much everyone's voice seems to echo in here?

...No? Actually, come to think of it, I'm not actually 'hearing anything', it's more like, 'directly-projected-into-my-brain' types of sounds.
>>
No. 759695 ID: 16a129
File 147947295709.png - (32.78KB , 183x262 , scene 13 nguoro.png )
759695

>Yes, I do! I have a mind's eye! How else do you think I can see you in this psychic link? 

Well, I suppose psychics have colloquially been referred to as coming from the 'third eye', but that's just a metaphor.

>Hey, congenital high-functioning schizophrenia doesn't seem all that improbable to me.

Con-what high-what what? I don't know half of the words you just said.

>Ladies, I know this isn't the right time for this, but I have to ask, have you noticed how much everyone's voice seems to echo in here?

There's no 'sound' in here, it's not even real! We don't have voices, idiot, and even if we did, you don't make any actual sound.

>...Did you not see the images at all, or did you see yourself and Jaa but not the, uh, "auras" shall we say?
>This is rather important.
>Also, can you see this, now?

Yes, of course I can see it, but that's only because you're showing it to me. I don't see that normally, but it's interesting that you and Jaa are able to.

>It looks like this may have been a false alarm? The energy we saw was black, not dark purple, and if the individual is someone from Jaa's past, it looks like this may well have been a plain old nightmare. And I don't recall as we've had any other experiences that seemed like psychic attacks.

>There still might be someone out there, but I don't think they've made their move yet.

...We may as well check while we're here though, right?
>>
No. 759696 ID: 16a129
File 147947298479.png - (49.88KB , 490x302 , scene 13b.png )
759696

:bqsjaa: Come to think about it, most of the people I've met recently have been having trouble with sleep. I wonder if I'm not the only target.

:bqsjaa: I had another dream two nights ago that was kind of weird. Unlike most of my dreams, which take place in a particular setting and 'storyline', this one was completely empty, save for me and a red haze. All I remember, was that I was really, REALLY angry for some odd reason. Apparently there were some people in the dream that said some nonsense that went like this:

>«Almehi kum tua?» 

>«Dehi na Tsetsa tua, na Tsetsa maregoki ulo tita markol!» 

>«Dehi kvoch noh! Dehi ihi ovalh!» 

>«Dehi ihi tua...» 

:bqsjaa: But I don't know the language. I don't think it's nonsense, because there appears to be some structure to it, but the sample I got is too small to figure out anything in particular.

Speaking of which, I'll have to have you guys help me analyze it in the future. In that small conversation, I've noticed the words 'tua', 'dehi', and 'ihi' were used multiple times.

:bqsnguoro: I've heard something like that before.

:bqsjaa: Wait, you have?

:bqsnguoro: Yes, I have prophetic dreams. That's the language they speak to me in at night, and it's the language that told me about the false peace-conference.

:bqsjaa: So, what did they say in my dream?

:bqsnguoro: Well, so far I've only been able to understand it in my dreams, and not like a translation, more like I just understand what they mean... I guess they send me the psychic messages and then just add the fancy language for effect or something.

:bqsjaa: How odd… If you wouldn't mind, I'd love it if you could write down some of the things you've heard so I can study it, and maybe even translate some of it.

:bqsnguoro: Yeah yeah, sure, but can we just get to the energy probing already? You're not the one that has to maintain this connection.

:bqsjaa: Um… Sure, I guess we can talk more later.

:bqsnguoro: Alright, you're gonna feel a little weird…
>>
No. 759697 ID: 16a129
File 147947299288.png - (41.35KB , 233x351 , scene 13c.png )
759697

:bqsjaa: Wait, what's that supposed to mea-
>>
No. 759698 ID: 16a129
File 147947301260.png - (48.08KB , 146x244 , scene 13d.png )
759698

:bqsjaa: -NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHH
HHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
>>
No. 759712 ID: 20e2dc
File 147948156560.png - (25.15KB , 434x357 , scene 13e.png )
759712

:bqsjaa:-AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh........ ahhh....

:hdews: «Hello...»

Alright, I'm sick of stuff happening without explanation, and when I don't know what's going on! What the hell!
>>
No. 759758 ID: ba506f

I think you just made an imaginary friend, or that you and Nguoro just had a mind baby...

Or the actual reason that she manage to get into contact with whoever sends those prophetic dreams to finally answer some of our more dreamy/physic questions.

>Hello...
sup Dews
>>
No. 759787 ID: 91ee5f

>>759712
Jaa, behind you!

Wait, I think I recognize him/her. Wasn't that the person that was shouting at you in your dream from your first night here in this city?
>>
No. 760584 ID: 339cf2
File 147977607405.png - (12.22KB , 177x214 , scene 14a t.png )
760584

>sup dews…

Omne traugu, hadzag ioti.

>I think you just made an imaginary friend, or that you and Nguoro just had a mind baby... 

Vač oikelne, ua vač jaxuči tuo.
>>
No. 760585 ID: 339cf2
File 147977608319.png - (9.95KB , 164x213 , scene 14a j.png )
760585

>Jaa, behind you! 

Oh

Oh


>I think you just made an imaginary friend, or that you and Nguoro just had a mind baby... 

Er... I don't know how I should feel about that.

>Wait, I think I recognize him/her. Wasn't that the person that was shouting at you in your dream from your first night here in this city?

It is, isn't it? Luckily I don't feel an overwhelming rage this time.
>>
No. 760586 ID: 339cf2
File 147977609068.png - (53.40KB , 602x470 , scene 14b.png )
760586

:bqsjaa: Hello?

:hdews: «Hello Jaa Žan. How are you doing?»

:bqsjaa: Er… Really… confused, I guess. I don't really know what's going on, nor if I ever will. Everything I thought I knew was wrong... I feel like I have to rethink some things...

:hdews: «Jaa Žan, you are experiencing what we call "Ubenuksker". You've had something revealed to you that has once been hidden. You likely have many questions.»

:bqsjaa: I can think of a few.

:hdews: «Then it is unfortunate that İ cannot answer them, as İ don't have much time to give you this warning. You are going to be contacted, again against your own will by a group who are only out to get you in trouble. Their goal is to capture you and several others, and trick you all into doing their bidding.»

:bqsjaa: What? Why would they want me? I'm nobody special.

:hdews: «They believe that you and these other victims are so called 'Descended Masters'; basically the mortal ancestors of the creators of their cult. They will contact you soon, similarly to the way İ am now, and try to convince of this. İ don't know exactly what they'll tell you, but İ must warn you not to listen to them.»

:bqsjaa: Are they the attackers that I've been looking for.

:hdews: «Yes, they are. Now that İ've told you about them, it'll be harder for them to subtle-control you. This is why they'll contact you. Though İ may be able to help even more. You have yet to activate almost any of your energy hubs, leaving you stunningly unprepared for things such as this. İ could help you achieve this, if you'd allow it.»

I don't know about this… Should I let it do it? By now I'm kind of suspicious of people just doing things to me, but I think it's telling the truth.

At least it's asking…

>>
No. 760589 ID: ba506f

>Omne traugu, hadzag ioti.
>Vač oikelne, ua vač jaxuči tuo.
I have no idea what you just said so I'm going to assume you said hey back and then insulted my mother.

Also quick question, where's Nguoro during all this? Aren't we connected right now? So where'd she go?

Also who are the other 7 people that they're after? Because I believe that we probably know some of them. and if not I'd actually be amazed.
>>
No. 760593 ID: 188451

>mortal ancestors
How do you feel about inherited guilt? Cause you may very well be descended from them. Doesnt mean you have to help them or feel guilty about anything in my mind. (that was your ancestors deal, not yours)

Maybe have him turn one more hub on. Better to go at new powers slow, and if we've "yet to activate almost any" that means we are able to and have done it ourself. Maybe you'll be able to pick up the difference of having one more and work at it faster.
>>
No. 760605 ID: 398fe1

Jaa, can you translate this for us? >>760584

This guy and Nguoro are connected somehow and Nguoro seems trustworthy. Let him supposedly help you unlock your psychic potential.
>>
No. 760635 ID: 91ee5f

>>760584
>Omne traugu, hadzag ioti.
Yes, it's very nice to meet you as we-
>Vač oikelne, ua vač jaxuči tuo.
How dare you call Jaa fat! She is not fat, you fucking asshole! That's no way to speak to a lady! D-:<

>>760586
I find it funny that he has to squat down Jaa's eye level. XD

>Should I let it do it?
Well.....if having these special powers will help protect you, then I guess yeah, let him do it.

But only after he apologizes for calling you fat! )-:<

I wonder how Eliri and Toti will react when you tell them what happened? They might be able to help, if they happen to know about what this one guy is talking about.
>>
No. 760636 ID: 398fe1

>>760635
Come on now, don't make up translations.
>>
No. 760691 ID: 45e6d2

>>760593
>>760593
>Turn it on

Wait, before we have Jaa just agree blindly, maybe we ought to ask him how he's gonna do that? And what it's gonna do for us?

Also, why do we just automatically trust him? What if he's actually going to do something bad to Jaa? We don't know him, all we know is he was part of a dream in which Jaa was enraged at them because, and I quote

>They set us up!

and

>They betrayed us!

Am I the only one who noticed this? Why are we not a little more suspicious?
>>
No. 760723 ID: 91ee5f

>>760691
>Am I the only one who noticed this? Why are we not a little more suspicious?
If what this guy is saying is true, then that dream might've been a memory from Jaa's past life where she was one of the ones that created that cult. And the reason she was so mad might be because she was betrayed by one or more people that didn't like what the cult was doing and sabotaged the cult from the inside.

That actually makes me want to trust this guy.

>>760636
What? I'm not the only one that did it! >>760589 did it too!
>>
No. 761636 ID: 616bfd
File 148018905004.png - (10.30KB , 128x220 , scene 15a t.png )
761636

>Yes, it's very nice to meet you as we-

We have already met, don't you remember?

>I have no idea what you just said so I'm going to assume you said hey back and then insulted my mother.

I did not insult anybody, I simply said 'Good Morning'. Have you already forgotten how to understand?

>How dare you call Jaa fat! She is not fat, you fucking asshole! That's no way to speak to a lady!

Once again, İ said nothing of the sort. And she is not a 'lady', she is clearly a Ťeťa, or what you call a 'Suskenian'. İ'd think that you'd know that by now.

>Also quick question, where's Nguoro during all this? Aren't we connected right now? So where'd she go? 

Nguoro… You mean the female who was attempting communication with Jaa? I'm currently blocking her out. She cannot find me, and still believes she's communicating with the Tsetsa.

>Also who are the other 7 people that they're after? Because I believe that we probably know some of them. and if not I'd actually be amazed.

I don't believe I ever mentioned the specific number, but there are most definitely more than 7. And if you don't remember our language, it's unlikely that you remember them. There is at least one for each of the separate species inhabiting this world.

>Come on now, don't make up translations

This one is wise. Do not pretend to understand that which you don't.
>>
No. 761637 ID: 616bfd
File 148018905785.png - (7.54KB , 143x161 , scene 15a j.png )
761637

>I find it funny that he has to squat down Jaa's eye level.

My species has the shortest average height of any of the species in the world, no need to make fun of it.

Although I can see how it may seem humorous to others.


>Jaa, can you translate this for us?

Um, no? I understand as much of that as you do!

>How do you feel about inherited guilt? Cause you may very well be descended from them. Doesnt mean you have to help them or feel guilty about anything in my mind. (that was your ancestors deal, not yours) 

I honest have no clue what this guy is talking about! No religion I've ever heard of involves a set of immortal 'creators', let alone a set that have produced offspring.

>Maybe have him turn one more hub on. Better to go at new powers slow, and if we've "yet to activate almost any" that means we are able to and have done it ourself. Maybe you'll be able to pick up the difference of having one more and work at it faster.

You make a good point. For all we know, turning them all on at once could be more than I'm able to handle! I might go insane or, explode or something!

>But only after he apologizes for calling you fat!

It called me fat?

>Wait, before we have Jaa just agree blindly, maybe we ought to ask him how he's gonna do that? And what it's gonna do for us?

This is a good idea, it hasn't actually told us what it's actually gonna do yet.

>Also, why do we just automatically trust him? What if he's actually going to do something bad to Jaa? We don't know him, all we know is he was part of a dream in which Jaa was enraged at them

Well, because… This one is different? I don't really know, but I feel good about this one. I don't think it's out to get us.
>>
No. 761638 ID: 616bfd
File 148018906507.png - (37.41KB , 509x406 , scene 15b.png )
761638

:bqsjaa: What is it that you'll be doing exactly?

:hdews: «It is a relatively simple procedure, but İ apologize if İ'm unable to explain it sufficiently, but İ can try my best. We all have these 'hubs' of energy, coloured differently and located in different areas on, in, and around our body. These are normally activated naturally, through life experiences, but sometimes something happens to us that will instead block that progress. This has happened to you. İn order to help you, İ must first clear the blockage, using a bit of my energy to replace it. This will allow the flow of your own energy to continue naturally.»

:bqsjaa: So… I won't explode or anything?

:hdews: «Of course not, İ cannot damage you in any way through this procedure.»

:bqsjaa: Ok then, I guess I'm ready.

:hdews: «Ok, İ will explain to you the process. Due to events that happened in the distant past, you have a blockage that is disrupting some of the earliest energy centers. İ will help you to 'activate' them by inserting some of my energy into the place where yours is blocked. This will dissipate the blockage, and allow your own energy to continue to flow freely.»

:bqsjaa: O-oh. Ok?

:hdews: «Do not worry, you will hardly feel anything. İ will sit down behind you and hold my hands around your neck. This 'contact' will allow energy from my system to flow into your system at the location of the blockage. During the process, you may feel like you can't breathe, but do not worry, as you are in fact still breathing. İt is only because the blockage in your throat is being agitated. This is a normal feeling during this process. Near the end, you may begin to feel antsy or restless. This is also normal, as it is merely your body adjusting to the new, foreign energy inserted into your system. Do you have any questions about the procedure before İ begin?»

:bqsjaa: Erm, no, I don't think so.

:hdews: «Ok then, please turn around and sit down.»
>>
No. 761639 ID: 616bfd
File 148018907202.png - (24.87KB , 268x243 , scene 15c.png )
761639

:hdews: «This procedure may take a while. While we're doing this, İ can answer any questions you may have.»
>>
No. 761644 ID: ba506f

>Have you already forgotten how to understand?
Sorry bucko, but if the little lady here can't understand what you're saying then we won't fair much better. After all we are a part of her mind, if she doesn't know it's a safe bet that we don't know either.

Also I meant the "insult my mother" thing as a joke since I found just saying "what" to be rather dull and boring.

But yeah as for questions, why are you blocking off Nguoro and what kind of things cause these blockages that you speak of? I mean if the blocks are cause by traumatic events in the past then I got an idea of what might have caused them or at least some of them. But is it safe to remove the blockages? I mean they were put up for a reason, does clearing them have any ill side effects either mentally or physically?
>>
No. 761687 ID: b1b4f3

>>761639
You said you met us before but all we remember is Jaa's dream, and I don't think that really counts, for various reasons.
>>
No. 761759 ID: 021efd

One thing to test while you are here, can you (currently) feel your breath going out with your hand? If so, you can use that as proof to yourself that you are still breathing when you start getting aggitated. Nothing to do for the anxiety part other than deep breathing exercises(in nose, out mouth) Oddly enough I cant think of any questions.
>>
No. 761762 ID: 021efd

Also
>I might go insane or, explode
Not what I meant. If you were suddenly 50 times stronger tomorrow, you would be liable to break a door handle or rip a book the first couple of times you opened them. If your hearing was 50 times stronger you'd be overwhelmed by any sound for a fair bit. Gaining power doesnt mean you automatically gain control. In my mind it's better to have things grow naturally than to have them jump. (Especially if it's something you might not be able to turn off)
>>
No. 762110 ID: 339cf2
File 148038167953.png - (14.23KB , 208x272 , scene 16a t.png )
762110

>Sorry bucko, but if the little lady here can't understand what you're saying then we won't fair much better. After all we are a part of her mind, if she doesn't know it's a safe bet that we don't know either. 

My name is not 'Bucko', it is Haxťe. And you seem to misunderstand, you are not part of her mind, only the power to speak to you is. Where you are or who you are exactly, İ don't know, but what İ do know is that you all have been around much longer than Jaa.

>But yeah as for questions, why are you blocking off Nguoro

İ'm blocking off Nguoro because she is not necessary in this procedure, nor is she to know of my meeting with Jaa. She is not important to us.

>and what kind of things cause these blockages that you speak of? I mean if the blocks are cause by traumatic events in the past then I got an idea of what might have caused them or at least some of them. But is it safe to remove the blockages? I mean they were put up for a reason, does clearing them have any ill side effects either mentally or physically?

İ think you misunderstand this as well. The blockages caused by the traumatic experiences are not a defense mechanism, they are akin to an injury; the effect of the negative event causes an energy leak, disrupting the flow of energy. The blockages are less like 'barriers' and more like 'holes'. The reason we call them blocks or barriers is because it's difficult to work around or mend them. Clearing them will have as many negative effects as healing any physical injury. İt may even make Jaa healthier, and less susceptible to similar injuries.

>You said you met us before but all we remember is Jaa's dream, and I don't think that really counts, for various reasons.

Hmm… Perhaps then it is already too late.
>>
No. 762111 ID: 339cf2
File 148038169556.png - (6.65KB , 150x203 , scene 16a j.png )
762111

>Not what I meant. If you were suddenly 50 times stronger tomorrow, you would be liable to break a door handle or rip a book the first couple of times you opened them. If your hearing was 50 times stronger you'd be overwhelmed by any sound for a fair bit. Gaining power doesnt mean you automatically gain control. In my mind it's better to have things grow naturally than to have them jump. (Especially if it's something you might not be able to turn off)

Oh…yeah. That seems much more reasonable.

>One thing to test while you are here, can you (currently) feel your breath going out with your hand? If so, you can use that as proof to yourself that you are still breathing when you start getting aggitated. Nothing to do for the anxiety part other than deep breathing exercises(in nose, out mouth)

I… Can? Sort of? It's like, it's not there until I really think about it.

:hdews: «You aren't really breathing, not when we're communicating like this. You don't actually have lungs here, as this place is merely a simulation of ourselves.»

:bqsjaa: Oh, that's kind of unsettling.
>>
No. 762112 ID: 339cf2
File 148038170873.png - (53.56KB , 430x465 , scene 16b.png )
762112

:hdews: «Ok, the procedure is over. İ have answered the questions asked to me by your guides. Do you personally have any questions for me?»

:bqsjaa: Hmm… What can I do to make it more difficult for the attackers to find me?

:hdews: «You can avoid the meeting they're holding. The one you were assigned to attend for your king. İf you attend, then you will be most vulnerable there.»
>>
No. 762113 ID: 339cf2
File 148038171720.png - (43.53KB , 524x416 , scene 16c.png )
762113

:bqsjaa: What? Then how am I supposed to do my job! I can't just skip out on the conference! Where would I go?

:hdews: «Jaa, İ understand that you are very loyal to the King, and that you'll likely not be accepted back to your homeland, but the best thing you can do for yourself is to not allow them to get to you. Get as far from them as possible. İf you can, go South to the tribe of Kreunam. Find someone to take you to the island called 'Žẹňạr Outlo'. İf they know what that is, they are trustworthy.»

:bqsjaa: That's ridiculous. I can't just leave, I've literally been working my whole life for this job! And I can't just betray the trust of everyone at home by just leaving!

:hdews: «İ cannot make you do anything Jaa. İ can only warn you and make suggestions. But if you truly value your safety, you will heed my warnings and follow my directions. You will find others who are in your situation on the island as well, and you will be taken care of.»

:bqsjaa: I... I just need some time to think about this.

:hdews: «That is understandable. Now, İ'm afraid it's time for me to leave. Goodbye Jaa, İ hope that İ will see you again, remember 'Žẹňạr Outlo'.»

:bqsjaa: Ok then, good-
>>
No. 762114 ID: 339cf2
File 148038172596.png - (16.00KB , 252x253 , scene 16d.png )
762114

:bqjaa: -bye.

Oh, I guess I'm back?

Ugh, I feel like I've been sleeping for a week. Where even am I?

>>
No. 762117 ID: 398fe1

>>762114
Good question. I'd presume Nguoro's house but that'd be awkward considering her family. It could be a hospital instead? Also someone undressed you! Rude! Unless they were a doctor, then I guess it's okay.

Get up and look around. Get your clothes and find someone to ask what happened.
>>
No. 762119 ID: ba506f

where are your clothes?
>>
No. 762141 ID: 91ee5f

>>762114
>Where even am I?
I'm going to guess you're at Nguoro's house because when she suddenly got cut off from you and couldn't reconnect, she tried to end the connection to ask what happened in the real world. And when you didn't wake up from that, she brought you to her house to take care of you until you woke up.

I'm pretty sure the whole time this was happening, she was thinking, "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shiiiiit! I hope I didn't accidentally break the mind of one of the diplomats! Everyone's gonna be so mad at me! Especially Jaa! She's never gonna forgive me for this! If she ever wakes up. Wait, what if she can't wake up and she has to live the rest of her life like this?! Aaaaaaaah!" .......ok, maybe she's not thinking any of that, but I'm pretty sure that she is worried and/or having a panic attack right now.

It's probably best that you get dressed and have a look around. And yes, we're looking at you naked and no, we still don't have any control over that. Sorry.

If you do find Nguoro or a familiar friendly face, you might want to ask them for some food because you skipped breakfast and then were unconscious for an unknown amount of time. You must be starving by now!
>>
No. 762143 ID: 4d0e33

>>762141
> I'm pretty sure the whole time this was happening, she was thinking, "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shiiiiit! I hope I didn't accidentally break the mind of one of the diplomats! Everyone's gonna be so mad at me! Especially Jaa! She's never gonna forgive me for this! If she ever wakes up. Wait, what if she can't wake up and she has to live the rest of her life like this?! Aaaaaaaah!" .......ok, maybe she's not thinking any of that, but I'm pretty sure that she is worried and/or having a panic attack right now.

This is entirely plausible. Do reassure her that nothing that happened was in any way her fault, and in fact that you're grateful to her.
>>
No. 762275 ID: b04232
File 148043919957.png - (11.10KB , 176x240 , Scene 17a.png )
762275

>I'm going to guess you're at Nguoro's house because when she suddenly got cut off from you and couldn't reconnect, she tried to end the connection to ask what happened in the real world. And when you didn't wake up from that, she brought you to her house to take care of you until you woke up. 

That could make sense. Although it leaves me wondering exactly how long I was out.

>I'm pretty sure the whole time this was happening, she was thinking, "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shiiiiit! I hope I didn't accidentally break the mind of one of the diplomats! Everyone's gonna be so mad at me! Especially Jaa! She's never gonna forgive me for this! If she ever wakes up. Wait, what if she can't wake up and she has to live the rest of her life like this?! Aaaaaaaah!"

Umm…

>ok, maybe she's not thinking any of that, but I'm pretty sure that she is worried and/or having a panic attack right now. 

Maybe… I hope we aren't the cause of too much worry on our third/potentially fourth day here. Also, I don't think I ever mentioned to her that I was one of the diplomats.

>where are your clothes?

I… Don't know? I don't see them in this room anywhere.

That's slightly disturbing actually.


>And yes, we're looking at you naked and no, we still don't have any control over that. Sorry.

Well then I guess that's something we're both going to have to deal with for now.

>If you do find Nguoro or a familiar friendly face, you might want to ask them for some food because you skipped breakfast and then were unconscious for an unknown amount of time. You must be starving by now!

Not really, it's only been a day. I could go for something to eat, but I wouldn't say I'm ravenous.

>This is entirely plausible. Do reassure her that nothing that happened was in any way her fault, and in fact that you're grateful to her.

You're right, she offered to help, and she-
>>
No. 762276 ID: b04232
File 148043920838.png - (24.91KB , 394x319 , Scene 17b.png )
762276

Argh!

Too bright!


:bqkatres: Oh, you're awake already.

:bqjaa: Wait, wha- is that Katreš?

I guess their room is a good bet

:bqkatres: Yes, it's me. I want to apologize, Sorsakund. I think we may have gotten off on the wrong foot. You obviously know of my daughter's… 'affliction', and of her powerful skills with psychics by now. And I may have… overreacted when we met earlier. Things have been stressful around here, and I just want to protect my daughter.

:bqjaa: Er, ok? I forgive you. Um, if you don't mind, what am I doing here? And what time is it?

:bqkatres: It's only midday, Nguoro and Jaruel brought you here a little while ago, they said that Nguoro used her psychics with you and you fell asleep right afterward. They just brought you here to rest until you woke up.

:bqjaa: Ok. Say, they aren't worried about me, are they?

:bqkatres: I don't think she's worried, Nguoro made it sound like it was pretty common for people to fall asleep right after rigorous psychic-communication, but I guess she was concerned enough to want to keep an eye on you.

:bqjaa: Oh, alright then.

:bqkatres: ...

Now he's not saying anything, but he's still standing there. What should I say?
>>
No. 762290 ID: ba506f

ask where you're clothes are for one... and while on that topic why are you naked to begin with?
>>
No. 762299 ID: 398fe1

>>762276
Clothes, please?
>>
No. 762310 ID: 20e2dc
File 148045246531.png - (29.73KB , 322x327 , Scene 18a.png )
762310

>ask where you're clothes are for one... and while on that topic why are you naked to begin with?

:bqjaa: Umm… Do you happen to know where my clothes are? And why I'm nude in the first place?

:bqkatres: Because it's far too warm to sleep in clothes, you'd overheat for sure! But don't worry, they're in the dressing room down the hall.

:bqjaa: … Can I please have them?

:bqkatres: Er, yes? I don't understand, is there a problem?

:bqjaa: Er, no… It's just… Nevermind. Could you please wait downstairs for me please?

:bqkatres: I suppose so.

Ok, I think I was able to get rid of him without offending him… That could've been awkward
>>
No. 762311 ID: 20e2dc
File 148045247744.png - (12.81KB , 335x356 , Scene 18b.png )
762311

Ok, he said that my clothes were in one of these rooms, right?

The question is, which door should is the right door?

>>
No. 762314 ID: 398fe1

>>762311
I'm wondering if their culture does not consider nudity to be that taboo. What was that he was carrying?

"down the hall" eliminates door number 1. Try 3, then 4.
>>
No. 762325 ID: ba506f

does his culture not care about clothes or something?

anyways start with door 4 and work your way done.
>>
No. 762326 ID: 91ee5f

>>762311
See if any of the doors have the words "dressing room" written on or near them. Hopefully it's written in one of the languages you can read.

If you don't see any writing, then I guess like >>762314 said, try 3, then 4. Make sure you knock on the doors first, just in case it's someone's bedroom or bathroom. You really don't want to just walk in on someone in one of those rooms!

And I guess if they don't care about walking around naked, then I guess you can do it too, if you're ok with that. Otherwise, you can just wrap that blanket around yourself to cover up.
>>
No. 762436 ID: 4d0e33

>>762311
Guessing wrong (even if you knock) will probably result in someone seeing you. So you probably want to wrap that blanket around yourself, if you don't want to be seen naked.
>>
No. 762644 ID: 0eb658
File 148051014415.png - (7.80KB , 147x176 , scene 19a.png )
762644

>I'm wondering if their culture does not consider nudity to be that taboo. What was that he was carrying? 

You're correct, nudity is very common, especially around these areas. Have you not seen all the Tellikans I've met that were either nude or semi nude? Katreš wasn't even wearing pants just now. It looked like he was carrying a pillow or a sack or something.

>See if any of the doors have the words "dressing room" written on or near them. Hopefully it's written in one of the languages you can read.

They don't have any words written on them at all.

>Guessing wrong (even if you knock) will probably result in someone seeing you. So you probably want to wrap that blanket around yourself, if you don't want to be seen naked.

The blanket is too heavy for me, it was obviously meant for someone much larger. I couldn't carry it around, unless I covered myself and walked on all fours. Which would look ridiculous, and make me seem like an insane person. Which I don't think I am quite yet.

>"down the hall" eliminates door number 1. Try 3, then 4

I'm assuming you meant skip 2 as well, because that's what I'm doing.
>>
No. 762645 ID: 0eb658
File 148051015391.png - (10.19KB , 198x343 , scene 19b.png )
762645

Oh good, this is the right one. And my bag is here too. Once I'm dressed, I can head downstairs.
>>
No. 762646 ID: 0eb658
File 148051017554.png - (83.36KB , 1148x544 , Scene 19c.png )
762646

Wow, this is just a hotel room? This place is huge! How can the owner of a simple fishing company afford this? I'll have to remember to ask about this later.

:bqnguoro: Hey Jaa! You're awake already, that didn't take long! Come down here, let's talk!

:bqjaa: Ok, I'm coming
>>
No. 762647 ID: 0eb658
File 148051018535.png - (37.22KB , 471x385 , Scene 19d.png )
762647

:bqnguoro: You didn't sleep for very long, how do you feel?

:bqjaa: Alright, I guess. I guess it's normal for people to fall asleep like that?

:bqnguoro: Eh, it was probably just more than your little bug brain could handle at one time, so you just needed some time to recharge.

:bqjaa: Bug brain?! What's that supposed to mean?

:bqnguoro: Relax! I'm just teasing you! Yeah, it's completely normal for people to sleep afterwards, something about how the energy reacts with your brain or something. I don't really know about how energy stuff works with physical stuff, but it has something to do with that.

:bqjaa: I see…

:bqnguoro: So…yeah. Oh, I didn't find any trace of any attackers by the way, so either you're fine and you're being paranoid, or they're really good at not revealing themselves.

:bqjaa: I see. Thank you anyway, I appreciate the effort.

Do I tell her about Haxťe? It seems pretty rude to leave something like this out of the conversation, but then again, it did say that she wasn't important enough to know… Does that just mean it's not important if she knows, or that we shouldn't tell her? She did already know about the danger of the conference, but that may be coincidence.
>>
No. 762661 ID: 91ee5f

>>762647
>danger of the conference
I just thought of something. You said earlier that your previous relationship with that Tellikan named Karehem should've prevented you from getting your job because you said, "relations with 'foreign entities' shouldn't have allowed me to get the job I have, on the grounds that I should be 'biased' for or against the Tellikans now."

What if the reason you got the diplomat job, despite your previous relationship, was because of this cult that Haxťe warned you about? What if they subtle-controlled your superiors to let you get this job so that you'd come here for them to get you?

Actually, that might be the reason the conference switched locations, the cult is trying to get you to a location where they can get to you more easily.

ARRRGH!!!!! There's just too many questions and not enough answers! DX

>Do I tell her about Haxťe?
If you trust her, then go ahead and tell her. Wether or not she actually believes you is a risk you'll have to take if you tell her.

I'm wondering if you should also go tell Totilla and Eliënqi about this? Oh wait, Totilla said she was going to be busy and wouldn't be there. Well, you could still go talk to Eliënqi.

Oh no! What time is it?! You were going to go to the Tirkëzan Čourük with Eliënqi! Remember? The Sacrificing Festival on the day of the eclipse! I hope you didn't miss it! And if you did miss it...then I guess that's ok, since you just said you'd think about it and never said you'd actually go. But it'll still suck if you missed it...that sounded really fun...and a good learning experience for learning more about their culture.
>>
No. 762684 ID: 398fe1

>>762647
Something bothers me about Haxťe, actually. He said she wasn't important enough to know about your situation and was blocking her, but... wasn't his group ALSO in contact with her, to get her to warn someone about the conference but she wound up screwing it up? The excuse he used doesn't make sense.

You also need to verify the procedure he used is legit, and she's the only one you can ask about that.
>>
No. 762762 ID: ba506f

well thank her for her help and ask if anything interesting happened since you've been out. Also ask if her dad owns this place and if so how?

Oh and what else is on our todo list? I mean we still have about a month sticking around her before the meeting.
>>
No. 762781 ID: faa189

>>762647
How much do you trust her? If you trust her, tell her and see what she thinks. Do the same with Eliri and Totilla later.
>>
No. 763303 ID: 616bfd
File 148077582269.png - (32.58KB , 517x308 , scene 20a.png )
763303

>I just thought of something. You said earlier that your previous relationship with that Tellikan named Karehem should've prevented you from getting your job because you said, "relations with 'foreign entities' shouldn't have allowed me to get the job I have, on the grounds that I should be 'biased' for or against the Tellikans now." 

>What if the reason you got the diplomat job, despite your previous relationship, was because of this cult that Haxťe warned you about? What if they subtle-controlled your superiors to let you get this job so that you'd come here for them to get you?

I don't like this thought at all. Although it would explain the odd circumstances.

>Actually, that might be the reason the conference switched locations, the cult is trying to get you to a location where they can get to you more easily.

But if they wanted to make it easier for me to get there, why would they postpone? And why would they have the location be in the desert, literally the opposite climate of what we're used to?

>ARRRGH!!!!! There's just too many questions and not enough answers! DX

I agree, I'll have to do some investigating. Next time I'm in contact with Haxťe, if that time ever happens, I'll have to remember to ask about this.

>If you trust her, then go ahead and tell her. Wether or not she actually believes you is a risk you'll have to take if you tell her.

I was a little less worried about her believing me than I was about it potentially putting her or myself in danger.

But I think she's trustworthy, if anything, she's the one most likely to be able to help. She did mention that she already knew about the conference being a trap. Maybe she knows more.


>wasn't his group ALSO in contact with her, to get her to warn someone about the conference but she wound up screwing it up? The excuse he used doesn't make sense.

I don't think either it nor Nguoro said that it was specifically it who was warning her. It's possible it's just a coincidence?

>You also need to verify the procedure he used is legit, and she's the only one you can ask about that.

Right, she and Totilla are my only sources of information on this kind of thing.

>I'm wondering if you should also go tell Totilla and Eliënqi about this? Oh wait, Totilla said she was going to be busy and wouldn't be there. Well, you could still go talk to Eliënqi.

I don't know about that, they both seemed very 'enthusiastic' about the conference happening. Remember how Eliri reacted when I told her about the postponement? I don't know if I can do that to them. I guess… what they don't know won't hurt them?

>Oh no! What time is it?! You were going to go to the Tirkëzan Čourük with Eliënqi! Remember? The Sacrificing Festival on the day of the eclipse! I hope you didn't miss it! And if you did miss it...then I guess tha