[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 780088)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 148728248508.gif - (82.39KB , 800x600 , 000.gif )
780088 No. 780088 ID: ca0e20

This desert...

Part 1: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/701048.html
Part 2: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/716306.html
Disthread: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/99036.html
Wiki: http://tgchan.org/wiki/2_Frames_Quest
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/jiggydino
Expand all images
>>
No. 780090 ID: ca0e20
File 148728252426.gif - (23.38KB , 800x600 , 001.gif )
780090

>Choose an appearance. (canine, feline, reptilian, avian, etc.) Note: The form is humanoid.
>Choose a gender.
>>
No. 780091 ID: ba506f

snake
male
>>
No. 780097 ID: 4e021d

Female Skunk

OR

Male NORTHERN SERGAL
>>
No. 780100 ID: 143250

>>780091
this. Male Rattle snek.
>>
No. 780101 ID: 90f3c0

Male opossum
>>
No. 780102 ID: 2dcc3b

Male cobra.
>>
No. 780105 ID: 9145ba

Viper

Female
>>
No. 780106 ID: 89b351

>>780091
>>780100
rattlesnake dude sounds cool
>>
No. 780114 ID: 350a50

>>780100
This.
>>
No. 780136 ID: 15a025

Male Catfish
>>
No. 780137 ID: 91ee5f

>>780091
>>780100
>>780106
I'll go for either these.....

>>780105
Or this.
>>
No. 780158 ID: 9f3729

>>780090
Female mealworm
>>
No. 780162 ID: 350a50

>>780158
Changing vote to this, just because it's interesting.
>>
No. 780164 ID: 2aba49

>>780105
I like this one.
>>
No. 780168 ID: ca0e20
File 148729673015.gif - (20.93KB , 800x600 , 002.gif )
780168

Ava just injured Calla's leg, kicked Aster off over the banister and ordered Ophi to restrain Poppy and Marigold. Rip and Azalea are back at the Flower Room and are probably relocating to The Tower. I hear Lucy's hooves hurry behind me. What do I do?

Inventory: Full Canteen of Pure Water, Old Journal, Ava's Sword, Ava's Menacing Hat
>>
No. 780172 ID: 350a50

She has better defense than offense. To get through that defense, you have to bait her into a mistake and take the opening. She's emotional right now.

"Is this how you react when Rufa kisses you, too? No wonder she has issues."
>>
No. 780173 ID: fb1c7d

Oh man, things just got amazing. So we can't fight predictably. Every time we've managed to mess with Ava was by doing something stupid, why? She's a trained swords-woman, and probably expects her opponents to fight with some semblence of order. Our crazy idea's are quite possibly the best thing to win this fight.

Wait for Lucy then when she arrives, with no warrning or way of letting Lucy know, throw either the book or canteen straight at Ava's center mass and charge, not to stab but to smash into her with all your body weight. I have no idea if this will work.

Please try and think of something else, I have no idea what to do. Otherwise I guess I'll stick to my plan.
>>
No. 780178 ID: 143250

give her back her hat.
>>
No. 780179 ID: 350a50

>>780173
Book would either fly better (like a Frisbee) or flutter open, depending on angle. Canteen might get cut open and splash her, but poor aerodynamics would limit its potential. I'd say go with the book as a distraction.
>>
No. 780182 ID: 9ae118

>>780179
I'd prefer canteen. Book could be important.
>>
No. 780185 ID: 350a50

>>780182
Pages can always be collected afterwards and rebound.
>>
No. 780193 ID: 79a07e

>>780185
not if they're cut in half, though.
>>
No. 780195 ID: 398fe1

>>780168
Move to her left. Let Lucy start striking at her, alongside you. Try to drive her against the edge of the balcony and knock her off. She can't even soften her fall like the bees can.

Or you could play dirty and throw her hat at her so she can't see the following strike. Bonus points if you thrust your sword straight through her hat into her heart.

Heck, why not do both these things.
>>
No. 780202 ID: 01134a

Male Eastern SERGAL
>>
No. 780206 ID: 79a07e

>>780195
This is also plausible.
>>
No. 780226 ID: d36af7

Start singing out loud, that song that's stuck in your head. Incongruous behavior threw Ava off balance before. It's worth another shot.
>>
No. 781897 ID: ca0e20
File 148772335170.gif - (30.54KB , 800x600 , 003.gif )
781897

>Wait for Lucy then when she arrives, with no warrning or way of letting Lucy know, throw either the book or canteen straight at Ava's center mass and charge
>Move to her left. Let Lucy start striking at her, alongside you.
>Dialogue

I can buy a little bit of time while Lucy arrives. While keeping an offensive stance, I start moving to my right.

Raven: "Is this how you react when Rufa kisses you, too? No wonder she has issues."

Ava: "You know that has nothing to do with it. You're the one who chose that tactic on me to help Calla to stab me in the back. The damages that has and will ensue on her and her sisters are her and your fault."

She turns to the door and gets in a less relaxed stance as Lucy crosses the threshold of the portal room. Ava starts to move toward the stairs. Lucy, only arriving, seems to be mostly on the defensive, unsure.
>>
No. 781898 ID: ca0e20
File 148772335543.gif - (23.21KB , 800x600 , 004.gif )
781898

>give her back her hat.
>throw her hat at her

Seeing that Ava is edging toward escaping and Lucy not attacking, I take Ava's hat and throws it at her, turning the hat with my arm along the brim to make it soar towards her. As I begin to dash towards her, she hops backward toward the steps as she catches her hat.

Ava: "Thank you."

She then jumps down toward the stairs using the railings to skip a portion of them, then lands on the steps as she starts running down the stairs. Being in a dash already, I follow after her and I can hear Lucy following me behind.
>>
No. 781900 ID: ca0e20
File 148772335823.gif - (25.71KB , 800x600 , 005.gif )
781900

While going down the stairs, I look over the rest of the room. Ophi seems to be trying to use non-lethal magic on Poppy who seems to be desperately trying to avoid said magic. I don't know how long she'll be able to avoid Ophi.

I also spot a Mammoth.

He's holding Marigold, but there's no struggle on either side. Marigold seems to be talking to him, but still look a bit shaken. The Mammoth's expression seems passive.
>>
No. 781907 ID: 91ee5f

>>781897
>"You know that has nothing to do with it. You're the one who chose that tactic on me to help Calla to stab me in the back. The damages that has and will ensue on her and her sisters are her and your fault."
"That's where you're wrong! It's your fault! You're the one that didn't show any sort of concern for Azalea's safety after Rufa almost killed her! You only saw the bees as expendable and you encouraged Rufa to do it, so them turning on you was your fault! Plus, unlike you, they have a conscience and would rather not help you summon a horde of uncontrollable demons that'll kill everyone!"
>>
No. 781909 ID: 91ee5f

>>781907
Also, if you can somehow get over to her, it might be time to finally untie Emerald and get some help from her!

And when you do that, tell her, "Sorry to keep you waiting!"
>>
No. 781913 ID: 350a50

Get in range of Ophi and your sword will turn off her magic.
>>
No. 782104 ID: 79a07e

>>781907
I don't think we're anime enough to do that right now.
>>
No. 782117 ID: ca0e20
File 148779615272.gif - (40.91KB , 800x600 , 006.gif )
782117

>Dialogue

I give a shorten version of a monologue because running down these stairs chasing someone isn't really the time to monologue.

Raven: "It's your fault, Ava! You're the one that disregarded the safety of the Bees!"

Ava continues running. Not thinking of anything I can do but chase her for now, I keep running.

We arrive downstairs. Ophi is still trying to get Poppy, but is getting a better bead on her with each attempts.

Ava: "Basant! Slow my pursuers down!"

The mammoth, in a lazy but direct motion moves Marigold to his side, only holding her with one arm. He then surprisingly jumps from his position and lands between me and Ava. I have no time to stop on a coin, and I end up running in his range which he uses to hit me back with his tusk.

Raven: "-Augh!"
>>
No. 782118 ID: ca0e20
File 148779615663.gif - (31.56KB , 800x600 , 007.gif )
782118

Lucy catches me stopping me from skidding on the floor some distance.

I somehow still have Ava's sword in hand. Basant is standing in the way with a panicked Marigold in tow. He's not moving in to attack, but he will surely knock us back if we attempt to move toward him. I see Ophi has finally managed to get a magic collar on Poppy, but got her ankles instead of her neck. Ava is now dragging something, but I can't see what it is with the table blocks in the way. She's shouting something at Ophi but not loud enough for me to understand what she says. Ophi looks a bit perturbed.

While assessing, I also notice that Aster is still moving and is sitting against the wall she fell next to, but looks very hurt, clutching a limp arm.
>>
No. 782163 ID: 350a50

"Ophi, this isn't right! This has to stop!"
>>
No. 782167 ID: 91ee5f

>>782118
>Ava is now dragging something, but I can't see what it is with the table blocks in the way.
Oh no! She's stealing Emerald! You've got to find someway to save her!

Ask Marigold if she can help!
>>
No. 782402 ID: ca0e20
File 148788438172.gif - (36.35KB , 800x600 , 008.gif )
782402

>Dialogue

I don't know what to do.

Raven: "Ophi, this isn't right! This has to stop!"

Ophi just glances at me and both her and Ava makes their way toward the portal with Emerald being dragged by Ava and Poppy by Ophi.

>Ask Marigold if she can help!

I feel helpless.

Raven: "Marigold... Can you help?"

Marigold: "I would, but Basant is pretty strong. I can barely move."

There's nothing I can do.

Lucy: "Raven, this mammoth can only stop one of us... You go around and I'll keep him busy."

Lucy raises her axe and gently pushes me to the side.
>>
No. 782403 ID: 143250

You're no quitter, Raven. Stop acting hopeless. Do what Lucy says.
>>
No. 782406 ID: 398fe1

I guess you'll have to take on Ava and Ophi by yourself...? Maybe the bees that can still move can at least fend off Ava while you try to figure out how to get the antimagic sword working to take on Ophi.

Ask the bees if they know how the sword works.
>>
No. 782419 ID: 350a50

Let Lucy help, go get Emerald free.
>>
No. 782516 ID: 15a025

Make a "Beeline" for it Raven! I think with her huge axe. Lucy can handle the mammoth or at least appear to be the bigger threat, which will make the mammoth probably focus on her more than you.
>>
No. 782535 ID: 91ee5f

>>782402
Tell Lucy to be careful. Then run over to Emerald. You should be able to cancel out Ophi's magic when you get close. Hopefully, that's how the sword works. Unfortunately, that also means that even if you untie Emerald, you'll be canceling out her magic also!
>>
No. 785717 ID: ca0e20
File 148890716417.gif - (37.25KB , 800x600 , 009.gif )
785717

>Ask the bees if they know how the sword works.
>You should be able to cancel out Ophi's magic when you get close. Hopefully, that's how the sword works.

Basant is not attacking so I ask Marigold.

Raven: "Does the sword activates when it's close to magic?"

Marigold: "I think so! That always how it looks like... Oh, her scabbard is what turns it off! I just remembered!"

>You're no quitter, Raven. Stop acting hopeless. Do what Lucy says.
>Let Lucy help, go get Emerald free.
>Make a "Beeline" for it Raven!
>Tell Lucy to be careful. Then run over to Emerald.

Raven: "Be careful, Lucy"

Lucy just makes an acknowledging grunt of some sort as I start to move toward the platform.
>>
No. 785718 ID: ca0e20
File 148890716813.gif - (37.76KB , 800x600 , 010.gif )
785718

Basant shifts, making noise that catches my attention. I look over to him and he's charging towards me! He only makes half of the distance toward me before Lucy's axe catches itself on his left tusk, forcing him to turn around Lucy. She unhooks her axe from the tusk and the centrifugal force sends Basant in the opposite direction where he tries to not fall to the ground by the shift of momentum. Seems like Lucy really has him handled.
>>
No. 785719 ID: ca0e20
File 148890717334.gif - (42.55KB , 800x600 , 011.gif )
785719

I make my way up the platform and to the makeshift bridge that leads to the portal. Ava is still holding on to Emerald while a magically tied up Poppy has been brought up to them, her hands propped up by her magic shackles. Lucy fighting Basant somewhere behind me.

Ava: "We have to activate it now, Ophi!"

Ophi: "We're not sure what this step will do-EEEP!"

Poppy: "AAAAAAAUH"

As I step onto the bridge, Ava, in one quick slice of her borrowed bee sword, slices Poppy's palms of one of her pair of hands. I stop in my track.

Emerald: "RAVEN! The first step is to power the portal with blo-ACK!"

Raven: "Emerald!"

Ava hits Emerald on the side of her head with the butt of her sword. She then brings the sword to Emerald's neck, and her beak close to one of Emerald's ear.

Ava: "You better shut it Armadillo!"

Without changing her stance, she looks up toward me.

Ava: "Raven. Try anything and this one dies. Continue and Poppy does as well.... Once she serves her purpose at least."

Ophi is now using the control on the Magic Shackles to lead Poppy toward one of the Portal's half.
>>
No. 785725 ID: 398fe1

Emerald was trying to tell you how to start the portal up. Only reason to do that is if doing so without a lizard to sacrifice is a bad idea. They don't know what they're doing. Let them fuck up the ritual.

However let's not just stand idly by, that will look suspicious. Try to taunt Ava a bit. Ask her why she's so scared of you that she needs to take a hostage. Is she that much of a coward? She already ran from you once, is she never gonna fight you for real?
>>
No. 785727 ID: 79a07e

>>785725
Ava doesnt strike me as the type to get baited like that often. I dont think that approach will work on her.
>>
No. 785729 ID: 59bd8b

Ok, this is bad. Taunting her about using a hostage I don't think will work but anythings worth a try.

Appeal to Ophi, everyone else we've talked down and I think we can get Ophi too. First because she seems more than a little not down with how this is going and second, speech seems to be our best stat.

Point out to Ophi that Ava has turned on the bee's when they were no longer useful to her, tell her how carelessly she cares for them for MERELY wanting to leave. Ask her is she wants to wait until Ava decides that she's no longer useful, hell, until RUFA decides she needs a new toy to claw up. Make sure to let her know this all started when Rufa tried to disembowel one of the bee's and that there grievance is quite justified. Even point out that she might have joined Ava because she believed in the same things as her, but is she acting like she even cares for them anymore? She seems more intent on revenge than actually fulfilling her grand dream of freedom.
>>
No. 785730 ID: 79a07e

I'm just gonna say it right now- I'm worried that Ava has heard so much of us that she might react poorly to any further attempts to sway us.
>>
No. 785731 ID: 79a07e

>>785730
...not sway us, sway anyone else, I mean.
>>
No. 785739 ID: dce082

go with >>785729

We might end up with two dead allies but better than what would probably happen if she fucks up the ritual like she seems she will.
>>
No. 785821 ID: b3b7b7

>>785739
At this point, we're out of good ideas. Ava is too skilled.

I'm sorry, Raven.

One way or another, I think your friends are dead.
>>
No. 785826 ID: 91ee5f

>>785719
Try to convince Ophi to help! She can stop Ava since you've got Ava's magic canceling sword!

"Ophi, don't do this! She's trying to summon a horde of demons to kill everyone! That's why the bees all turned against her! They don't want to help her do that! Please, you have to stop Ava!"
>>
No. 785830 ID: 398fe1

...you know, it's possible that Ophi doesn't realize Raven has Ava's sword. Maybe that should be the first thing we point out to her?
>>
No. 785844 ID: 350a50

"If you start up the portal without the correct sacrifice, the demons will be under no-one's control!"
>>
No. 785863 ID: 91ee5f

>>785844
This is something that's already been covered in the previous thread. Even if Ava was using the correct sacrifice, she wouldn't be able to control the demons.
>>
No. 785868 ID: 350a50

>>785863
Ophi might have been led to believe otherwise.
>>
No. 785879 ID: 398fe1

>>785863
No, we just wanted her to believe that. The ritual should work to give control to the one who performs it (not sure exactly who in the ritual gets the control). I mean, Emerald studied it for quite a while and wanted to rule the world via controlling the demons. If there was no way to control the demons she wouldn't have tried to do it.
>>
No. 785900 ID: 95c606

Letting them screw up the ritual might result in them getting killed, or at least bee friend getting killed. Do as your told for now and once you get an openging, use the sword to break the magic shackles.
>>
No. 785939 ID: 91ee5f

>>785879
I thought Emerald was the one that told us the demons couldn't be controlled? And she would've done it anyways because she didn't care if she got killed, she only cared that the demons would eventually get somewhere and kill the people that made fun of her at magic school or something like that?
>>
No. 786510 ID: ca0e20
File 148917926494.gif - (24.88KB , 800x600 , 012.gif )
786510

>I'm sorry, Raven. One way or another, I think your friends are dead.

There has to be at least one way!

>Try to taunt Ava a bit.
>Taunting her about using a hostage I don't think will work but anythings worth a try.

In desperation, I try to use one of my apparently strongest trait and to talk to them again.

Raven: "How scared of me are you?! Using an hostage?!"

Ava: "You do have less people by your sides at this point" I hear what seems like Basant roaring "But I prefer having good insurance. We both know that you'd throw your entire body at me if I gave you the chance."

Ava's sword is still at Emerald's throat, but she definitely relaxed the blade's position while she said this.

Raven: "You're never gonna fight me for real then?!"

Ava: "Ah! You, of all people, can't pretend that you prefer structured opposition."

Ophi is now next to one of the halves of the portal and is guiding Poppy's bloodied hands to it. She using Bee blood?! But... Poppy is not even dying anyway...

>Appeal to Ophi
>go with [this]
>Try to convince Ophi to help! She can stop Ava since you've got Ava's magic canceling sword!
>...you know, it's possible that Ophi doesn't realize Raven has Ava's sword. Maybe that should be the first thing we point out to her?

Raven: "Ophi! You can help! Look. I have Ava's sword."

I hold up the sword. I notice Ava smile.

Ophi: "Ooh! Ava?!?"

Ava: "Now you see why you should hurry up?"

Wait... What?

Raven: "Ophi! You-"
>>
No. 786511 ID: ca0e20
File 148917926963.gif - (47.19KB , 800x600 , 013.gif )
786511

After seeing that I have Ava's sword, she hurries and lead Poppy's bloodied hands to the portal, touching the red trimming. Some of Poppy's blood seems to take a mind of it's own and starts spreading and merging with the portal's half trimming until the red glows.

One of the portal's halves is now glowing with energy.
>>
No. 786512 ID: ca0e20
File 148917927517.gif - (21.90KB , 800x600 , 014.gif )
786512

Raven: "Ophi please! Ava turned on the bees, and Rufa could attack you at any moment! This is why all of this is happening now! Rufa attacked one of the bees, and Ava didn't care as she deemed them useless! She could do this to you too!"

Poppy: "*huff* Ergh, what?!"

Ophi: "Ava! I told you we shouldn't let go of the bees in a violent manner!"

Ava: "And I agreed, Ophi. But I also told you that I wouldn't restrain myself if they acted against me. If Raven didn't help Calla act against me, we'd have a lizard right now."

Ophi: "A lizard...? This is why..."

Ophi continues making her way to the second half of the portal. Poppy is resisting more and they move slower.

Raven: "Ava is trying to summon demons, Ophi! She wants to kill everyone! That's why the bees turned against her!"

Ophi: "I thought it was because of Rufa? Besides, we're not trying to kill everyone. We're only going to go after those who have too much power. The beasts from the portal will be ordered to stand down once there's balance restored to the world."

Ophi: "I owe a lot to Ava... I trust her."

>Do as your told for now and once you get an opening, use the sword to break the magic shackles

I'm running out of time. Ophi is set on doing what Ava ask her to do. I do think I should try to break the magic shackles, but I need a plan. I need to make an opening. O- or something...
>>
No. 786547 ID: 9f3729

So.
Stab Ava?
>>
No. 786555 ID: 398fe1

>>786512
You need to figure out how the sword works. Fiddle with the red bits on it. You might even have to cut your hand and feed it blood in order to activate the antimagic field. I know for sure it's not activated by magic because Ava has not cast a single spell on her own.

Once you do that, it'll release Poppy, which would let her fight back against Ophi, which would make Ava let go of Emerald and allow you to join the fight.
>>
No. 786559 ID: 350a50

Attack the portal's runes with your magic-nullifying sword. Break the portal!
>>
No. 786565 ID: 91ee5f

>>786512
"The demons can't be controlled! They'll kill everyone, including whoever summoned them! Ava knows this and he's counting on you to blindly follow her! She believes the whole world is corrupt and doing this is the only way to cleanse it! This was a suicide mission right from the start!"

>I need to make an opening.
Well, look directly behind them and yell, "Now, shoot her!" That'll make them look away from you and give you a chance to run as fast as you can at them!

But if someone actually is behind them, don't say anything and keep their attention focused on you! that way you can give whoever is back there a chance to sneak up on Ava and Ophi!
>>
No. 788783 ID: 27bfbb

Throw the sword at the portal and bust it!
>>
No. 789760 ID: ca0e20
File 149030146567.gif - (34.36KB , 800x600 , 015.gif )
789760

>You need to figure out how the sword works. Fiddle with the red bits on it. You might even have to cut your hand and feed it blood in order to activate the antimagic field.

I fiddle with the sword again, twisting the pommel. Rubbing it? I don't think Ava cut herself to activate it before, right? And Marigold said it was turned off with the scabbard? Shouldn't that mean it's always on? I guess she wasn't sure...

>Attack the portal's runes with your magic-nullifying sword. Break the portal!
>Stab Ava?

I can't do that right now!

>But if someone actually is behind them

Yeah right. What are the chances that someone would happen to be- Marigold?!
>>
No. 789761 ID: ca0e20
File 149030147132.gif - (22.88KB , 800x600 , 016.gif )
789761

>keep their attention focused on you!
>Dialogue

Uuuh! Might as well yell some more attempts at convincing!

Raven: "The demons can't be controlled! They'll kill everyone, including whoever summoned them! Ava knows this and she's counting on you to blindly follow her! She believes the whole world is corrupt and doing this is the only way to cleanse it! This was a suicide mission right from the start!"

Ophi: "What? What are you talking about? I'm the one who deciphered some of the runes on the portal and told her what it did. Granted, a little bit of info was attained by Ava questioning Emerald here. But Emerald didn't tell us all that much once she was on to us. Which is why... We tried calling Rufa. She's can be pretty convincing... Although I personally would much rather someone cooperate than having to resort to those kinds of tactics. Especially since I could just spend more time with the portal and decipher everything myself. Poppy, get over here please."

What is Marigold waiting for?

Raven: "Decipher it yourself? Wouldn't that take long?"

Ophi: "I'm sure it would if you lack proper resources and skill to do so."

Emerald, who up to that point focused on me, shows a flash of annoyance, breaking her streak as her eyes vaguely glances in Ophi's direction for a second.

Ophi: "Alright Poppy, this way please."

Poppy: "Damn you, Ophi."
>>
No. 789762 ID: ca0e20
File 149030147783.gif - (37.83KB , 800x600 , 017.gif )
789762

Finally, Marigold dashes out and tackles Ophi!

Ophi: "ACK!"

Marigold: "PLEASE MISS OPHI I'M SORRY ALSO DON'T BE MEAN!"
>>
No. 789763 ID: ca0e20
File 149030148146.gif - (29.93KB , 800x600 , 018.gif )
789763

Ava, unable to ignore the commotion and potential threat from behind turns around. With the blade previously relaxed, Emerald immediately throws herself down to the floor. I start running toward them. With Ava still holding on to Emerald's collar, she ends up kinda twisting around Ava's grip. Emerald sees that as an opportunity to bite Ava's hand!

Emerald: "Gnaff!"

Ava: "NnaAAAAHH!"
>>
No. 789764 ID: ca0e20
File 149030148501.gif - (23.75KB , 800x600 , 019.gif )
789764

With a weaker grip from Ava's, Emerald flops to the floor. But as she starts to roll away, Ava's takes a stab at Emerald into her back!

Emerald: "GgnAaAaAaH!"

Emerald rolls off the bridge as Poppy uses her four arms to grab Ava from behind with great resistance from Ava.
>>
No. 789765 ID: ca0e20
File 149030148961.gif - (39.17KB , 800x600 , 020.gif )
789765

>Stab Ava?

I go to stab Ava, but in the tussle she's having with Poppy, they keep turning in such a way that I would hit Poppy instead. That or Ava is still swinging her sword out keeping me at bay. Ava finds an opening before I could find one of my own and turns her sword around. She then thrust it next to her body, stabbing Poppy on her own side of her body. Undeterred by this, Poppy grabs Ava's arm and the blade of the sword with her already cut hand and yanks it in such a way that Ava now has a cut of her own. Ava then lift poppy up and throws her off the bridge as well, then immediately faces me and block another attack of mine.
>>
No. 789766 ID: ca0e20
File 149030149312.gif - (24.59KB , 800x600 , 021.gif )
789766

Ophi is still pinned to the floor by Marigold. My sword glowing anytime Ophi look to be trying to cast spells and pleading to Marigold to let her up. Ava glances around then runs toward the inactivated half of the portal. I chase her again, but she's slower this time. Knowing this, Ava turns around once she's at the portal and readies herself again. I try to stab her again but she attempt to leap on the portal to evade. I menage to nip her right ankle and she stumbles backward onto the portal, catching herself with her other foot and eventually resting to a sitting position.

She chuckles to herself.

Ava: "You're really trying to makes this easier for myself."

She rubs the cut on her side with her hand, covering it up in blood...

>Attack the portal's runes with your magic-nullifying sword. Break the portal!

Understanding what she's doing, I jump toward the portal myself with the intent to stab the trimming in the hope to break the portal, but Ava has already gotten her blood on it. By the time I'm close enough, Ava hits me in the bottom of the beak up with a very hurtful kick.
>>
No. 789767 ID: ca0e20
File 149030150312.gif - (2.44MB , 800x600 , 022.gif )
789767

Ava's blood spreads and merge with the second half of the portal.
>>
No. 789768 ID: ca0e20
File 149030151021.gif - (1.14MB , 800x600 , 023.gif )
789768

...
>>
No. 789769 ID: ca0e20
File 149030151739.gif - (1.32MB , 800x600 , 024.gif )
789769

...
>>
No. 789770 ID: ca0e20
File 149030152332.gif - (1.34MB , 800x600 , 025.gif )
789770

... Urgh... What happened?
>>
No. 789774 ID: c31aac

>>789770
Huh. We're purple.
>>
No. 789776 ID: 143250

Welcome to the apocalypse.
>>
No. 789785 ID: 398fe1

>>789770
You've still got the sword so this must be part of the ritual's effects. The next step would normally be to sacrifice a lizard... It's a race to find Rip, now.

Get moving.
>>
No. 789861 ID: 350a50

Welp.

Get ye out of room.
>>
No. 789868 ID: ba506f

I think the world just ended. Whelp time to do what all sensible people do when the apocalypse hits. Find and wrap yourself in as many pieces of leather clothing as you can find and claim some piece of land of your own. Once that's done set up some kind of clan or gang and declare yourself ruler of the wast lands.

But before we do any of that you might want to leave this room and look around. That leather and future clan members won't find themselves after all.
>>
No. 789869 ID: 350a50

>>789868
Plus, we need to find Emerald. She was injured and tied up, so she can't bind her own wound.
>>
No. 789872 ID: 91ee5f

>>789869
Lucky for her, she's an armadillo and got stabbed in the back where she has a natural shell. The damage is hopefully minimal.
>>
No. 789875 ID: 350a50

>>789872
The blood on Ava's sword was shallow, so it's not a deep cut, that's true. Most of that looked like it was from her and Poppy.

Poppy might be in worse condition, but I'm not sure what we can do about a gut wound.
>>
No. 789885 ID: c31aac

>>789868
the man brings up a salient point. First order of business is the leathers, second order is building us a sicknasty monstercar with the help of some magic mechanics. Or dwarves, if we're in a pinch.
>>
No. 790037 ID: ca0e20
File 149038450573.gif - (1.37MB , 800x600 , 026.gif )
790037

>Huh. We're purple.

I look at my clothes and hands. They do indeed look purple. But really, everything does.

>Welcome to the apocalypse.
>I think the world just ended. [Get leather]
>You've still got the sword so this must be part of the ritual's effects. The next step would normally be to sacrifice a lizard... It's a race to find Rip, now.

Yeah, I don't think we're too late yet.

>Get moving.
>Welp. Get ye out of room.
>you might want to leave this room and look around.

Yeah. I pick up Ava's sword and make my way out of this room. I also check my inventory.

Inventory: Full Canteen of Pure Water, Old Journal, Ava's Sword

>It's a race to find Rip
>we need to find Emerald. She was injured and tied up, so she can't bind her own wound.
>Poppy might be in worse condition, but I'm not sure what we can do about a gut wound.

Yes, I should find them...
>>
No. 790038 ID: ca0e20
File 149038451236.gif - (1.38MB , 800x600 , 027.gif )
790038

... Wh-

How did I end up here?!
>>
No. 790056 ID: 143250

What is that flying hairy thing there? peck it.
>>
No. 790081 ID: 79a07e

>>790037
That's not a mop? Maybe poke it, not peck it.
>>
No. 790082 ID: 350a50

>>790038
A closet?

My guess is that with the portal malfunctioning, space is fucked.

Is that a floating mop head or a floating creature?

Check what's in those bottles, then maybe check behind the cabinet in the previous room if there's no other way out of the closet.
>>
No. 790119 ID: ba506f

so where the hell are we?
>>
No. 790127 ID: fe7355

>>790082
Either that or this is some kind of dreamscape or psychic construct and it's running on dream-space logic.

>>790119
The closet with the secret entrance in the back that Raven and Lucy used to sneak into Emerald's place. It was last seen back in thread one here >>/questarch/707425. Looks like it's gotten a bit of a HD makeover compared to back then.
>>
No. 790128 ID: 143250

>>790127
Ah, so it is a mop, or at least the head of the mop, that seems to be floating.

Yeah, my vote remains unchanged. Peck it!
>>
No. 790243 ID: 79a07e

OH WAIT, GUYS.

Let's read the goddamn journal while we're looking. We've just been carrying it all day, we might as well take a looksee in it while we have some semblance of a peaceful moment.
>>
No. 790447 ID: d8df1e

>>790243
Oh yeah thats a thing.
>>
No. 790453 ID: 15a025

Spooky, the mop head is floating around.
>>
No. 790456 ID: fe7355

>>790243
Um... Isn't it far more important to find Rip ASAP than taking time to read that old journal? Ava presumably is looking for Rip too and if she finds him before Raven it'd likely be all over, assuming it isn't all over already.

What do we remember from Emerald talking about the portal ritual earlier? Was it supposed to use lizard blood? 'Cause if it was, then using non-lizard blood, and from two different species as well, might have broken the portal, causing the spacial jumble Raven just stepped through.
>>
No. 790474 ID: 350a50

>>790456
This, journal later.
>>
No. 790678 ID: 87353e

I think Ava botched the activation ritual and it displaced everyone near the portal dais across the ruins and is now warping local space in the area.
Or worse, instead of summoning demons to our dimensional plane, everyone directly near the portal got shunted into a dark mirror dimension potentially populated with demonic horrors.
Everything looking purple though makes me think this might be a "From Beyond" situation and the portal is now projecting an "Ultraviolet Energy Field" that is allowing both dimensions to overlap and interact with each other.

>>790038
Your back at the secret passage closet again, but it didn't seem to connect to that previous room before though. Did it feel like exiting through that doorway teleported you? Does the exit go back to the same place?

While trying to figure out if the ruins are now a jumbled up warp maze, at least take the time to open up the Old Journal and read the first and last two written pages if you aren't going to read the entire thing.
That should in the least give you who wrote it, what it might be about, and what happened just before the owner either finished the journal or died.
If your lucky it might be of one those old research books Emerald told you about that escaped destruction.

While regrouping with Rip seems prudent, He and Azalea should be able to hold their own for a little while if they are still together and barricaded in the tower. But if space is jumbled up for them too they could be anywhere in the ruins now.
I think we need to prioritize finding Emerald, her knowledge of whats going down with the portal right now is invaluable.
Not only that she is the only member in our team that can use ranged magic or heal our wounded allies and as far as we know she could still be tied up and bleeding out somewhere all alone.
>>
No. 791250 ID: ca0e20
File 149073700714.gif - (1.39MB , 800x600 , 028.gif )
791250

>A closet?
>so where the hell are we?
>The closet with the secret entrance in the back that Raven and Lucy used to sneak into Emerald's place.
>Your back at the secret passage closet again, but it didn't seem to connect to that previous room before though.

It does look like the secret closet. Seems like adventurers all end up in closets for some reason.

>What is that flying hairy thing there? peck it.
>That's not a mop? Maybe poke it, not peck it.
>Is that a floating mop head or a floating creature?
>Ah, so it is a mop, or at least the head of the mop, that seems to be floating.
>Spooky, the mop head is floating around.

It is a mop. It moved because I accidently kicked the handle when I entered here. It's a bit hard to see the handles.

I poke it with my beak.

peckpoke
>>
No. 791251 ID: ca0e20
File 149073701494.gif - (1.39MB , 800x600 , 029.gif )
791251

>Check what's in those bottles, then maybe check behind the cabinet in the previous room if there's no other way out of the closet.
>Did it feel like exiting through that doorway teleported you? Does the exit go back to the same place?

I check the bottle and it just smells like normal cleaning potions.

I backup into the ajar door and it opens back into the room I woke up in. The door slows to a halt when it runs out of momentum. I'm standing in this room and can see that the closet is still there and nothing felt different when moving in or out of the room or closet. Only thing is this general feeling of dread since I woke up.

I move the cabinet enough to see if there's anything behind it, and some rocks on top falls to the floor, startling me. Nothing suspicious behind the cabinet. It is just a normal wall.

>Let's read the goddamn journal while we're looking.
>Oh yeah thats a thing.
>Um... Isn't it far more important to find Rip ASAP than taking time to read that old journal?
>This, journal later.
>at least take the time to open up the Old Journal and read the first and last two written pages if you aren't going to read the entire thing. [...] I think we need to prioritize finding Emerald, her knowledge of whats going down with the portal right now is invaluable. Not only that she is the only member in our team that can use ranged magic or heal our wounded allies and as far as we know she could still be tied up and bleeding out somewhere all alone.

I take out the Old Journal. I should find Rip or Emerald, but I might as well read the first and last entry. The book is very old and I find that handling it to be a bit tricky task. I accidentally rip one of the page, which warns me to be extra careful. I start slowly walking toward the closet again.
>>
No. 791252 ID: ca0e20
File 149073702280.gif - (1.71MB , 800x600 , 030.gif )
791252

Reading...

... I can already tell that this person didn't throw this away. But they didn't say who they were. I skim through the first couple of pages until I see a particular part that seems like it's it.

Once in the closet, I close the door behind me, then go to push the panel in front of me.
>>
No. 791253 ID: ca0e20
File 149073702933.gif - (1.66MB , 800x600 , 031.gif )
791253

Mmh.
>>
No. 791254 ID: ca0e20
File 149073703709.gif - (1.40MB , 800x600 , 032.gif )
791254

Raven: "OOF!"

I fall on a bed.
Not quite sure why the furniture is placed here. I pick up the book again and check the last entry of the journal.
>>
No. 791255 ID: ca0e20
File 149073704585.gif - (1.76MB , 800x600 , 033.gif )
791255

I guess I "should't" be too surprised either.
>>
No. 791326 ID: 350a50

Peek out the door.
>>
No. 791359 ID: 87353e

Keep reading the journal while you give this room a once over. Go back a bit to see if you can find any more entries about the Entity and see if you can pin point when their research started to break bad.

Search the dresser, nightstand and under the bed for any thing of note.
Is that a crystal lamp knocked over on the ground? Check to see if its still functional and examine that white rock(?) laying next to it.
>>
No. 791515 ID: e696e6

...yeeah I dont think we should put this off. Read more while walking.
>>
No. 791700 ID: ca0e20
File 149090023186.gif - (1.34MB , 800x600 , 034.gif )
791700

>Keep reading the journal while you give this room a once over. Go back a bit to see if you can find any more entries about the Entity and see if you can pin point when their research started to break bad
>...yeeah I dont think we should put this off. Read more while walking.

I go half way into the journal and it's looking like things are still normal there.

>Search the dresser, nightstand and under the bed for any thing of note.

I check the dresser and mostly just find lint and blank torn pieces of paper. The nightstand is so empty that it's pretty much just an empty wooden box. The bed is odd. It's made of a soft material that I've never seen before and it doesn't have a frame to suspend the mattress off the floor.

With the journal, I go back half way from the center toward the end and things still look normal.
>>
No. 791701 ID: ca0e20
File 149090023780.gif - (1.35MB , 800x600 , 035.gif )
791701

>Is that a crystal lamp knocked over on the ground? Check to see if its still functional and examine that white rock(?) laying next to it.

It does look like a crystal lamp. Unfortunately, I don't have any way to charge it magically. I would either need a magic user to do it for me, or have a charged crystal to transfer the energy to it. The white rock turns out to be a another blank torn piece of paper on closer inspection.
>>
No. 791702 ID: ca0e20
File 149090024472.gif - (1.58MB , 800x600 , 036.gif )
791702

I start skimming from the page I'm at in the journal until I find an entry that catches my eye...

...
>>
No. 791703 ID: ca0e20
File 149090025112.gif - (1.36MB , 800x600 , 037.gif )
791703

>Peek out the door.

I open the next door slowly and just enough to see what is beyond...

... A prison!
>>
No. 791705 ID: 143250

And it looks like someone is locked up. Lets see who it is, and if it is someone who deserved to be locked up, or a friend.
>>
No. 791740 ID: 398fe1

>>791703
Let's see who's locked up. Also, check the corridor before letting down your guard. Could be anyone and anything in this place.
>>
No. 791804 ID: 350a50

A prison, huh? It seems like part of the underground structure you haven't seen yet, maybe parts that were blocked off, are now accessible because everything is jumbled up. It sounds like the person previously researching the portal kept prisoners here. If they're still alive after all this time, they're probably not normal people, so be careful. See who it is, try to communicate, but don't get in reach.
>>
No. 792261 ID: 87353e

These journal entries seem to lend credence to the theory that whatever malevolent presence lies beyond the portal is able to project its will upon others over time.
Seems like people of a certain disposition are more easily influenced, especially those who are magic sensitive.

>>791703
Chop off the top 1/3rd of the depleted magic lamp to get yourself a magic torch you can charge up later.

It looks like there is something in side that first cell.
Head into prison room to check, but watch out for spooky skeletons, regular or animated.
>>
No. 792598 ID: 15a025

>>791702
Whoa spooky. There's a face in the journal entry!
>>
No. 792619 ID: 350a50

>>792598
Looks kind of like a cobra hood. The figure in the portal looked about the same shape.
>>
No. 793076 ID: ca0e20
File 149124191602.gif - (1.36MB , 800x600 , 038.gif )
793076

>Whoa spooky. There's a face in the journal entry!

Is it? It's only looking like part of the journal got wet. It might just be a form of pareidolia. Or one of those tests with the blotches.

>check the corridor before letting down your guard. Could be anyone and anything in this place.

The corridor? As a precaution, I look behind me to make sure I'm not being snuck up on by someone coming from the closet. And I'll use caution entering the prison.

>Chop off the top 1/3rd of the depleted magic lamp to get yourself a magic torch you can charge up later.

I hope to myself that this sword is sharp enough. First hit seems to have done visible damage to the lamp so I hit it a couple more time. finally, the lamp snaps where I was hitting. I am now in possession of a Crystal Lamp, improvised to be hand held!

Inventory: Full Canteen of Pure Water, Old Journal, Ava's Sword, Crystal Lamp

Now I just need to find a way to charge it. Maybe Emerald will be able to do it.
>>
No. 793077 ID: ca0e20
File 149124192372.gif - (1.74MB , 800x600 , 039.gif )
793077

>And it looks like someone is locked up. Lets see who it is, and if it is someone who deserved to be locked up, or a friend.
>Head into prison room to check, but watch out for spooky skeletons, regular or animated.

I enter the prison room. A figure shifts to look at me. Once they see me, they stand up and eyes me. A snake. A reptilian. But something about him looks off...

>See who it is, try to communicate, but don't get in reach.

Raven: "... Hello. Who are you?"

The snake scans me from head to toe then pauses.

Snake Dude: "... You're not with them?"
>>
No. 793096 ID: 398fe1

>>793077
Them? He must mean the mages who originally experimented with the portal. I think he's either some kind of ghost, or has been trapped in time. Tell him yeah, you're trying to stop all this.
>>
No. 793108 ID: 91ee5f

>>793077
>A snake. A reptilian. But something about him looks off...
It's probably because he has legs instead of a big snake tail to slither around on!

>"... You're not with them?"
"Who's 'them'?"
>>
No. 793127 ID: 143250

Crows eat snakes. Breakfast?

kidding, tell him what happened.
>>
No. 793149 ID: 350a50

>>793077
"Would this happen to be your journal?"
>>
No. 793276 ID: 143250

Also, It looks pretty spacious in there. is there others back there in the darkness? They might be too timid to come out.
>>
No. 793353 ID: ca0e20
File 149132592961.gif - (1.49MB , 800x600 , 040.gif )
793353

>Tell him yeah, you're trying to stop all this.
>tell him what happened.

Raven: "I'm not with them. I'm here to stop all this. The portal was activated and I think it broke the space around it. Now I have to find my way back to the portal to destroy it before someone opens."

Snake Dude: "... but, you will free us, yes? Please, you have to get us out of here!"

>Also, It looks pretty spacious in there. is there others back there in the darkness? They might be too timid to come out.

Raven: "Us? There are others in there?"

Snake Dude turns around and beckons the darkness.

Snake Dude: "It's ok, she's here to help."

One by one, other reptilians approaches. There are 5 of them including the one I was talking to. All different types of snakes. Snake Dude turn to me again.

Snake Dude: "Please, you have to get us out of here, quick. I don't know what they're planning to do."
>>
No. 793354 ID: ca0e20
File 149132593762.gif - (1.67MB , 800x600 , 041.gif )
793354

>Dialogue

Raven: "Would this happen to be your journal?"

Snake Dude: "No, I've never seen this before. Are you gonna help us out?"

Viper Lady: "You sure she's not one of them?"

Snake Dude: "She wields a sword and is holding an uncharged lamp. She's not a magic user."

Viper Lady: "So? We don't know who they are, Ujoa. You can't be sure that they are all mages."
>>
No. 793366 ID: c31aac

>>793354
'scuse you, I'm a BARD thank you very much.
And I've been trying to stop this since I got here like a day or two ago because summoning demons seems like an absurdly terrible idea in any circumstance.
>>
No. 793367 ID: 41462d

Try to find a key and something for each of them to defend themselves with. Also tell them to keep an eye out for any of your friends.
>>
No. 793457 ID: b4a23c

>>793354
We're SUPER not one of them. Rwally, we're more a bard than anything. Can we...I dunno, cut the lock or something?
>>
No. 793463 ID: 91ee5f

>>793354
"Well, this sword I'm carrying actually nullifies magic, so I can't really be a mage."

Also, notice how ALL of these guys are snake people. Sure, they're reptilians, but they're specifically snakes! Rip, as far as I can tell, isn't a snake! So, wouldn't that mean that sacrificing Rip would mess something up, since he's the wrong type of reptilian?

Also, WOW, whoever made this portal is very racist towards snake people!
>>
No. 793552 ID: 350a50

>>793354
Ask their names.
>>
No. 793554 ID: 143250

>>793552
good idea. A nice intro for each one would be nice.
>>
No. 793670 ID: ca0e20
File 149142087348.gif - (1.64MB , 800x600 , 042.gif )
793670

>Also, notice how ALL of these guys are snake people. Sure, they're reptilians, but they're specifically snakes! Rip, as far as I can tell, isn't a snake! So, wouldn't that mean that sacrificing Rip would mess something up, since he's the wrong type of reptilian?

Rip came here on his own. If these prisoners were taken, the source might just have a lot of snakes.

>'scuse you, I'm a BARD thank you very much.
>We're SUPER not one of them. Really, we're more a bard than anything.
>"Well, this sword I'm carrying actually nullifies magic, so I can't really be a mage."

Raven: "Uh, I'm really not with them. And I'm more of a bard than anything. Plus, this sword nullifies magic. So it wouldn't do me any good to carry it if I was a mage."

Ujoa: "She's here to help, Zizu. Why would she pretend to not be part of that group if she were?"

Viper Lady: "I don't know! To trick use into trusting them!"

She focuses on me.

Viper Lady: "If you're not with them, what are you doing here?"

>Dialogue

Raven: "I've been trying to stop this since I got here like a day or two ago. Because summoning demons seems like an absurdly terrible idea in any circumstance."

They're eyes widen as they pause.

Ujoa: "... Summoning demons?! You mentioned a portal. That's what they're doing here?"

Viper Lady: "Then why did they abduct us?!"

One of the rattlesnakes, the shorter paler one, speaks.

Shorter Rattlesnake: "They want to feed us to them!"

Taller Rattlesnake: "No, summoning demons sometimes requires a sacrifice. We're here to be sacrificed."

The snakes all starts to show different level of panic. Ujoa, the one I first talked to, seems among the calmest, shifting his gaze to the others while the Viper, Zizu, starts to pace violently. The taller rattlesnake, being the other calmer snake, is trying to comfort the shorter one who's shaking. The cobra with the muzzle guard starts to breath heavily as he holds on to it. As if he'd want to remove it but is afraid to touch it.
>>
No. 793671 ID: ca0e20
File 149142088197.gif - (1.64MB , 800x600 , 043.gif )
793671

>Ask their names.
>good idea. A nice intro for each one would be nice.

Raven: "Uuh! You don't need to panic! I will get you out! But you have to calm down! Let's start with your names! My name is Raven Pecks! Uuuuuh!"

The others seems more preoccupied by the revelation to listen to me, except Ujoa who address them after I do.

Ujoa: "HEY! FRIENDS! LISTEN!"

The snakes calm down a bit, still visibly shaken.

Ujoa: "Did you hear? This is Raven Pecks. She said she would help us out of here. They want to summon demons? It doesn't matter. Because we're getting out. This group could be planning anything else and it wouldn't matter. Because we're not staying to let them do it. Now everyone calm down."

The group has now calmed down, with a hint of left over adrenaline. Ujoa turns to me.

Ujoa: "My name is Ujoa. Nice to meet you Raven."

The others hesitate for a bit but then they decides to play along.

Viper Lady: "*sigh* I'm Zizu."

Shorter Rattlesnake: "My name is Chix."

Taller Rattlesnake: "Hant."

I turn to the cobra who is just making himself small, to the side. Ujoa follows my eyes.

Ujoa: "Oh right. We don't know his name. They muzzled him because he can spit venom. Any attempts to remove it hurts him. Like it's cursed or something."

I can't help but to frown at that.
>>
No. 793672 ID: ca0e20
File 149142088891.gif - (1.54MB , 800x600 , 044.gif )
793672

>Try to find a key and something for each of them to defend themselves with. Also tell them to keep an eye out for any of your friends.
>Can we...I dunno, cut the lock or something?

I start to look around. Save for some loose rocks from the walls and ceilings, it doesn't look like there are keys or weapons anywhere around here.

I examine the lock. I don't think my sword would do much against it since it's reinforce. The lamp wasn't meant to hold anyone in a prison. I could still try. Should I?


Ujoa looks over his shoulder to the other snakes. Then he gets close to me and whisper.

Ujoa: "You might need to leave to find the key. You said the space around the portal was broken... If you leave, you might not be able to come back, right?"

Raven: "... I don't know."

Ujoa: "... If it's the only way... If you can't figure out how to get us out on your own..."
>>
No. 793695 ID: 91ee5f

>>793670
Mention that you're pretty sure the group you're trying to stop isn't the same group that put them in here, but they did translate some ancient texts that said something about reptilian blood being required to summon the demons. And you find that to be very racist!

Wait...this place messes, with the rooms, but what if time also moves differently in here? Because if the texts you found were ancient, then these guys could've been trapped in here for 1,000 years, but to them, they've only been trapped here for a few days!

>>793671
>"Oh right. We don't know his name. They muzzled him because he can spit venom. Any attempts to remove it hurts him. Like it's cursed or something."
Ask the muzzled guy if his venom is acidic! He could spit on the lock of the cell door and melt it! He doesn't need to talk to answer this question, just a simple nod for yes shake for no question.

And remember, magic canceling sword! Have the muzzled guy come closer so that we can see if the sword will work. Just don't point the blade at him, you might scare him.
>>
No. 793705 ID: 398fe1

>>793672
Tell him you'll do what you can. Time to go look for the key.
>>
No. 793746 ID: 143250

>>793695
Lets give cutting the muzzle idea a shot. But let Ujoa speak on your behalf to let him know know what you are about to do so he won't get scared.
>>
No. 793782 ID: 350a50

>>793695
This. Use the sword to help him get his muzzle off.
>>
No. 793815 ID: 1a94a8

Is it just me, or do the snakefolk have some kind of... aura?
>>
No. 793842 ID: 398fe1

>>793815
I think they aren't real people. They're echoes of the past.

I wouldn't discount their ability to affect this place, though. They can probably hurt Raven if they want to. Raven should try to touch one through the bars to confirm they're physical, at least.
>>
No. 794535 ID: 15a025

Try using the sword to cut the muzzle off and then have them melt the bars with their acid.
>>
No. 794738 ID: fe7355

>>794535
Except that the muzzled one can only spit venom, not acid, so the latter half of this idea won't work. But slicing the muzzle off with the anti-magic sword might work, if it's done fast enough and in a spot where one cut will loose the whole thing before it activates. But this is assuming its hurt curse works by touch and it's not otherwise linked to him in a way that'd work at range. If it's that way, it'll have to be stuck back on immediately.
>>
No. 794745 ID: 91ee5f

>>794738
There are snakes that can spit venom that can melt things. Whether or not muzzle guy's venom can melt things remains to be seen.
>>
No. 794897 ID: ca0e20
File 149186379553.gif - (1.33MB , 800x600 , 045.gif )
794897

>Raven should try to touch one through the bars to confirm they're physical, at least.

Raven: "Can you give me your hand? I want to check something."

Ujoa seems a bit taken by surprise by the odd request, but complies. I squeeze his hand to get a good feel. Mmh, it feels odd. Like his hand is there, but not. There's definitely a physical object here, but it's empty, while being dense? It's hard to describe.

>Mention that you're pretty sure the group you're trying to stop isn't the same group that put them in here, but they did translate some ancient texts that said something about reptilian blood being required to summon the demons. And you find that to be very racist!

I let go of his hand.

Raven: "I'm pretty sure the group I'm trying to stop isn't the same group that put you in here. They translated some ancient texts that said that reptilian blood was required to summon demons. Which is really racist by the way!"

Ujoa: "Another group? They hired another group to work on the portal...?"
>>
No. 794898 ID: ca0e20
File 149186380393.gif - (1.20MB , 800x600 , 046.gif )
794898

>Ask the muzzled guy if his venom is acidic!

Raven: "Um, you? Is your venom acidic?"

The Cobra furrows his brow a bit and shakes his head gently.

Raven: "Ok, just asking."

>And remember, magic canceling sword! Have the muzzled guy come closer so that we can see if the sword will work. Just don't point the blade at him, you might scare him.
>Lets give cutting the muzzle idea a shot. But let Ujoa speak on your behalf to let him know know what you are about to do so he won't get scared.
>Use the sword to help him get his muzzle off.
>Try using the sword to cut the muzzle off
>slicing the muzzle off with the anti-magic sword might work

Raven: "Ujoa, this sword is magic cancelling. I think I might be able to remove his muzzle."

Ujoa: "... Breaking the curse! That's great news!"

Raven: "Could you tell him? I think he'd trust you more."

Ujoa: "Yes."

He stands back up and walks over closer to the Cobra and speaks gently to him. Then they looks over to me and after a short glance to Ujoa, the Cobra quickly approaches. I'd say he's had enough of having that thing on his face. Ujoa and Zizu accompany the cobra. First I approach the sword to the muzzle. The sword's gem flickers a faint glow and it looks like the area of the muzzle close to the sword loosens a little. But as soon as I move the sword away from a loosen spot, it tightens again.

Raven: "I'll be careful, but I'm gonna try to cut it now, alright?"

The cobra nods. Zizu holds his hands and gives him some supporting words. With the sword nearby, I grab a loosen part of the muzzle through the bars and try to rub the tip of the sword against it, carefully holding the sword by the blade. Ava's has kept this sword sharp. It doesn't take long before the strap give and, in the process, some magic poofs off the muzzle like someone slapped a dusty object. As soon as it happens, the cobra successfully removes the muzzle off his head and breaths in like he just came out from underwater, followed by a sigh of relief.
>>
No. 794899 ID: ca0e20
File 149186381036.gif - (1.63MB , 800x600 , 047.gif )
794899

The other snakes cheers for him. The cobra turns to me.

Cobra: "Thank you, Raven!"

I smile at him but it's hard to see cause it's fuzzy around here and I feel like I just look worried.

Raven: "What's your name?"

Cobra: "Jik!"

The other snakes bombards Jik with greetings.

>Time to go look for the key.

With the muzzle off and the venom not being acidic enough, it would be time to look for a key. Unless there's something else I want to do here?
>>
No. 794902 ID: c31aac

>>794899
Before we go we might as well check the wall for loose stones.
You never know with these adventuring dungeons.
>>
No. 794906 ID: 398fe1

Ah, so that's how the sword works. It has to be close to the source of magic, and it triggers passively. I bet Ava was simply able to amplify its effect to negate Rip's invisibility from so far away. Or maybe Rip's invisibility is more vulnerable to the sword than other magic? Hard to say for sure.

You could get some venom on the sword to make it more deadly.
>>
No. 794908 ID: 91ee5f

>>794899
Before you go, let's have a closer look at the door of their cell.

Does it look old and rusted? If you and the snakes all hit it hard enough it might fall off! Get a running start and CHAAAAAARGE!!!!!

Look at the hinges of the cell door, the part that let's the door swing when it's opened and closed. If you can somehow break those, then opening the door will be easy! Try hitting them with one of those rocks on the ground!

If that doesn't work, then try removing the pins that hold the hinges together!

If all else fails, then tell them that you're going to have to leave to look for the key. And since this place is distorted weirdly, you might not end up coming back here through the room with the bed! But you'll try to find your way back to them!

Maybe if you don't close the door all the way, the jail room will stay here?
>>
No. 794913 ID: 398fe1

Erm, don't slam yourself against the bars like a dumbass. Kicking the door might make more sense but I doubt it'd work, it doesn't look rusted at all. If the lock is magic, just having the sword near it could unlock it, but it doesn't look magic.

I also don't want to make a huge noise.
>>
No. 794920 ID: 350a50

>>794902
This.

If nothing, ask them if they have anything that could be used as a lockpick?

If not, tell them you'll search for a way to get them out.
>>
No. 794969 ID: fe7355

Ask them what the name of the person who locked their cell was, to give you a description of their appearance and if they know where the key is kept usually. If you have to track down the cell key, either finding whoever was their jailer or their quarters or the room the key is kept in would be a good start. Also ask if any of them are thirsty and offer your canteen.

Take a closer look at the hinges to the cell door and muse out loud that maybe you could knock the pins out of them. If the prisoners lifted the door to take the weight off the hinges, and you had a nail or similar narrow sturdy object and something to hit it with like a hammer, you might be able to drive the pins out of the hinges. A piece of furniture from one of the previous rooms might contain a strong and large enough nail for the job, if you pull or break it apart. Whichever way doesn't bend the nail. And then a small stone could work as a hammer to drive the pin out.
>>
No. 794971 ID: 398fe1

>>794969
Oh RIGHT, we should probably ask them more about their captors, yeah. They're probably around in the same kind of half-present state the prisoners are in. The more we know about any potential new enemies, the better.
>>
No. 795549 ID: ca0e20
File 149211267855.gif - (1.68MB , 800x600 , 048.gif )
795549

>Before we go we might as well check the wall for loose stones.
>This.

I push all the stones I can reach but none moves. I also try to feel around and see if there are handholds anywhere to help me pull, but I find nothing.

>ask them if they have anything that could be used as a lockpick?

Raven: "So... any of you have anything I could use as a lockpick?"

Ujoa chuckles.

Ujoa: "We'd already be out if we did."

Jik: "None of us are sneaky enough."

>You could get some venom on the sword to make it more deadly.

Raven: "Jik, can you spray some venom on my sword?"

Jik: "Oh... uh, ok..."

Jik prepares himself to spray venom as I hold the sword out in such a way that I don't get sprayed.

Zizu: "What are you planning?"

Raven: "I don't know. Making a deadly sword deadlier."

Jik sprays 2 streams out of his mouth and the sword is now coated in fresh venom. I shouldn't touch the blade again. If I want to again, I'll have to clean the venom off.
>>
No. 795550 ID: ca0e20
File 149211268579.gif - (1.45MB , 800x600 , 049.gif )
795550

>Before you go, let's have a closer look at the door of their cell.
>Does it look old and rusted? Look at the hinges of the cell door

Upon close inspection, it does look like it. Just like everything else, there is a state of degradation with this environment. It's still metal though, and testing it indicates that it's still pretty solid. The hinges are pretty rusty. If I hit anything, I would focus there.

>Try hitting them with one of those rocks on the ground!

I grab a rock, take aim and throw a rock on one of the hinges. The rock shatters into pieces.

>try removing the pins that hold the hinges together!
>Take a closer look at the hinges to the cell door and muse out loud that maybe you could knock the pins out of them.

I look at the pins and see if I can make them budge with my hand to access the situation. As expected they don't move.

Raven: "If I could knock the pins out..."

>A piece of furniture from one of the previous rooms might contain a strong and large enough nail for the job, if you pull or break it apart.

I go back to the previous room. I determine that the nightstand would probably be more up my alley for dismantling. Alas, even it ends up resisting. I definitely lack the tool for it and I can't do it bare handed, even if I try to pry it with my foot or kick it. Best tool I have is Ava's Sword, but it's meant to cut opponents, not wood. I would need an axe. And muscles.

Annoyed to be nail-less, I search the room to see if I could find something, but most I find is weak junk like paper and broken pieces of woods.

>If the lock is magic, just having the sword near it could unlock it, but it doesn't look magic.

I return to the prison a bit frustrated and hold my sword to the lock to see if anything changes. The keyhole would be mocking me if it was sentient, I'm sure.
>>
No. 795551 ID: ca0e20
File 149211269041.gif - (1.42MB , 800x600 , 050.gif )
795551

>Ask them what the name of the person who locked their cell was, to give you a description of their appearance and if they know where the key is kept usually.
>Oh RIGHT, we should probably ask them more about their captors, yeah.
>Also ask if any of them are thirsty and offer your canteen.

I take out my canteen.

Raven: "Are any of you thirsty?"

The snakes look at each other, unsure how to respond. Hant approaches with Chix in tow.

Hant: "He should drink something."

Ujoa: "... Is he thirsty?"

Hant: "He should drink and least one gulp. Even if he doesn't feel thirsty."

Ujoa thinks for a moment.

Ujoa: "We should all drink one, just to be sure."

Raven: "I feel like I'm missing something?"

Ujoa: "No one here has been hungry or thirsty for a while."

The snakes one by one drinks a gulp from my canteen.

Raven: "What can you guys tell me about the ones who captured you? Did any of you catch their name? What did they look like? And do any of you know where the key might be."

Another pause from the group.

Ujoa: "It's a bit fuzzy to remember. But seems like the one handling prisoners after they are captured is some kind of fish. I never heard of one this far from the shore. But this one is wearing clothing with runes on them. I think it helps him."

Jik: "I saw him with someone else! But they were covered in cloaks. So I don't know what they were. I think I heard them talk about a "Sig". They were whispering, so I'm not sure."

Hant: "The key is usually brought out of the room with them." He looks to the others, seeing no objection. "We don't know where they keep it."

Once the canteen gets back to me, it's is noticeably lighter but it feels like there is still one or 2 gulps in there.

>tell them that you're going to have to leave to look for the key.
>tell them you'll search for a way to get them out.

Raven: "Alright. I don't think i can do much right now. I'll go look for a key or another way to open the prison door."

Ujoa: "Come back safe."

The others nervously send words of encouragements and faith toward me as I walk up to the door.
>>
No. 795552 ID: ca0e20
File 149211269534.gif - (1.36MB , 800x600 , 051.gif )
795552

>Maybe if you don't close the door all the way, the jail room will stay here?

From this door, I can kinda see the closet. The only door I've closed so far was the closet door to the first room. Is closing doors a way to change room? I guess I should try since I have no other way to get out from the known rooms. I leave the prison door open and make my way over the bed and into the closet again. I leave the panel down. I open the door I closed earlier and...
>>
No. 795553 ID: ca0e20
File 149211270047.gif - (1.50MB , 800x600 , 052.gif )
795553

The Garden room! The room I woke up in is indeed gone. I look back and I can still see the closet and the room. I'd say that closing doors seems to be how things get jumbled up again. But this room is another dead end. How should I find anything or anyone like this?
>>
No. 795556 ID: 398fe1

>>795553
Alright, what have we got here? Some garden tools, some vegetables... what was in the drawers, again?

You might be able to use the garden tools to drive out the pins and open the cell door.
>>
No. 795574 ID: 91ee5f

>>795550
*facepalm*
No, not like that you fool! I meant picking up a rock and bashing the hinge with the rock in your hand!

>>795553
Look around. Look under the piles of seed for things that are not seeds hidden under them. Look in the drawers over there.

And don't close the door! Otherwise you might not be able to find your way back to the snakes!
>>
No. 795588 ID: ca0e20

>>795574
I had to laugh at myself a little bit there. I'll admit that was me brainfarting (tough month mentally) but the result would probably be similar, except that she would have hit (not throw) from another angle to hit the pin out. Rock would have shattered anyway and the pin would have been immovable from that strike.
>>
No. 795599 ID: 87353e

>>795553
Looks like you might have to just try warping around with doorways for a bit. But before that get some stuff from here first.
Check out the drawers and try holding up the Crystal Lamp under the ceiling light to see if it reacts to it in any way.
Grab some tomatoes for your self and the prisoners, also get the purple wizard outfit you left on the floor.

It might be a useful disguise in case you happen upon any spirits of the former researchers.
Show the outfit to Ujoa and the others to see if they recognize it at all.
>>
No. 795695 ID: 350a50

>>795574
This.

Once you're done here, retreat into the bedroom, close the closet secret door, and open it again to get to a new room.
>>
No. 795773 ID: fe7355

Actually, the room changing when you close the door may make it easier to find a room you want to find, if the pool of rooms it can choose from to link is all possible ones in this complex of ruins. You just keep closing and opening the door and if the rooms are chosen at random or they cycle through in a pattern, eventually you'll hit the one you want. However, if each door can only link with a certain group of rooms, then things become harder. And if that set of rooms can change by other criteria, then things get much harder. Hallways with multiple doors will be a great help here, since they can keep links open to multiple rooms.

It'll take some testing to figure out the linking behavior of these doorways, and testing would mean you might not get back to this room any time soon so make sure you get everything out of it you want before swapping it. You should also put some heavy things in front of the doors to keep them from accidentally closing on you and changing the linked room.

Now, give this room a thorough inspection and inventory to refresh your memory and see if anything is different from before.

Skim over the journal and see if there's any mention of a "Sig," or prisoners or a fish folk jailer.

And by now you've probably caught on that all those snake prisoners are probably ghosts of some kind. That would explain how they can't remember when they last had thirst or hunger. It's either that or some weird magic has trapped them alive, hydrated and satiated here since their jailers brought forth the demon hordes.
>>
No. 795905 ID: 87353e

>>795773
>Skim over the journal and see if there's any mention of a "Sig," or prisoners or a fish folk jailer.

The journal entries we read covered this. Sig or Sigourney was the Head Mage in charge of the researchers, She fell under the portal's influence and started imprisoning people.
We also know that Merchel, the journals writer must have in the least partially succeeded in trying to stop an incursion and set things right since the world isn't over run by demons. Emerald's testimony supports this as her investigations found that the portal had never been fully activated and most of the research had been destroyed before the ruins were abandoned.
Its likely that they were mortally wounded in the attempt and died before they could try to destroy the portal or seal up the ruins. Perhaps everyone involved was rendered incorporeal, trapped between dimensions as bound spirits due to backlash from the portal and its subsequent activation has unveiled them.

>>
No. 795939 ID: fe7355

>>795905
Oh, right. Forgot that the info was in the images and not the text and did a page search for "Sig" and found nothing. My mistake. Thanks for the post explaining.
>>
No. 796177 ID: 15a025

Take a quick look around the garden room for anything useful. If there's nothing then leave the room, shut the door, and come back in. Maybe it'll take you some where new?
>>
No. 796800 ID: ca0e20
File 149261880885.gif - (1.50MB , 800x600 , 053.gif )
796800

>No, not like that you fool! I meant picking up a rock and bashing the hinge with the rock in your hand!

... oops, I got confused.

But the rocks seems to break apart pretty easy anyway. I'm gonna try using a rock as a hammer, but I don't have high hopes with my own strength. That rust seems like it'll make things more complicated.

>And by now you've probably caught on that all those snake prisoners are probably ghosts of some kind. That would explain how they can't remember when they last had thirst or hunger. It's either that or some weird magic has trapped them alive, hydrated and satiated here since their jailers brought forth the demon hordes.

Yeah something is definitely up with them. Hopefully, I'll be able to help them.

Did the jailers summon the demon? I thought we assumed that no one ever actually opened the portal before? Which would pose the question of what did they actually do. What were they trying to do in the first place?

>what was in the drawers, again?
>Look around. Look under the piles of seed for things that are not seeds hidden under them. Look in the drawers over there.
>Check out the drawers and try holding up the Crystal Lamp under the ceiling light to see if it reacts to it in any way.
>Now, give this room a thorough inspection and inventory to refresh your memory and see if anything is different from before.

I search the drawer and I mostly find packets of seeds. I check the bags, which I assumed were seeds, and they end up being full of dirt. I look around them and it doesn't look like there's anything hidden under them. I move under the ceiling light and hold up the lamp. Nothing happens. I do notice that the rune isn't pulsing like last time, but it's hard to tell in this environment. There are tools on the wall and vegetable plants in the planters. The clothes seems to be where Lucy put them last.

I don't remember if anything is different from last I was here.

>Grab some tomatoes for your self and the prisoners, also get the purple wizard outfit you left on the floor.
>You might be able to use the garden tools to drive out the pins and open the cell door.

I take the mini-rake looking thing and pocket it. Now I just need to try it with a rock and hope the rock doesn't shatter! Or for my muscles to not fail me! I can't think of a use for it so I leave the-

>you might not get back to this room any time soon so make sure you get everything out of it you want before swapping it.

Actually, I take the mini-shovel and I'll leave it in the bedroom or prison just in case I find a use for it later. I also move one bag of dirt and one of the drawer full of seeds, just in case. I grab a small handful of seeds to eat with my tomato.

I grab six tomatoes, one of which I start eating with my seeds while I move stuff to save time. I haven't eaten since that soup yesterday, so this is welcomed. I fold the wizard outfit in such a way that I'll be able to carry the tomatoes. I also wear the hat since my hands are getting full.

It would be nice to have some friends around to help...
>>
No. 796801 ID: ca0e20
File 149261881571.gif - (1.68MB , 800x600 , 054.gif )
796801

I bring the tomatoes to the snakes which they all accept and eat. They say they are not hungry, but eating is still enjoyable.

>Show the outfit to Ujoa and the others to see if they recognize it at all.

I show the outfit to the snakes and ask if they recognize it. None of them seems to.
>>
No. 796802 ID: ca0e20
File 149261882011.gif - (1.44MB , 800x600 , 055.gif )
796802

Before I move on to other things, I go back to the Garden room and take any vegetable that is ready. I assume that they won't do much good if Emerald joins me on an adventure, so it's probably fine if I keep them all on hand in the bedroom. I can fill a drawer with them.

In the top drawer, there are 6 Tomatoes left, 8 Potatoes, 6 Onions, 6 Carrots, 4 Cabbages and 22 Pea pods! I eat a Carrot and 4 Pea pods.

>And don't close the door! Otherwise you might not be able to find your way back to the snakes!
>You should also put some heavy things in front of the doors to keep them from accidentally closing on you and changing the linked room.

While I still have access to the garden room, I go and get the extra bag of dirt and put it against the door that connects the current rooms to make sure they don't close while I don't want them to. There are 2 doors kept open by bags of dirt and one free bag for another use, if I can find one.

>Skim over the journal and see if there's any mention of a "Sig," or prisoners or a fish folk jailer.

I look over the journal to find info on these topics. I see the name Sigourney so often that I suspect that the jailer shortened her name. The writer of this journal never refers to her as "Sig" though. I also don't see the writer talking about anyone's species though. So no mention of any fish. All I know if that Stephanie is "cute" and has a "big soft tail".

Oh my... Well this part is a bit embarrassing for the writer. Seems like they activated the portal pretty early on for some of their tests and they had some room jumble mishaps. But it seems like they were working under these conditions... I wonder how they managed...

I skip forward to where the writer first speaks of prisoners and skim ahead...

I find multiple mentions of prisoner deaths...
>>
No. 796803 ID: ca0e20
File 149261882585.gif - (1.18MB , 800x600 , 056.gif )
796803

>Once you're done here, retreat into the bedroom, close the closet secret door, and open it again to get to a new room.
>[...] It'll take some testing to figure out the linking behavior of these doorways

I bring the bag of dirt that was keeping the garden room door open in the bedroom. I now have 2 loose bags and one keeping the prison door open. I then bring the panel for the secret door up to cover the door to the closet... I don't know if I have to wait? I slide the panel to the side and it seems to have done it.

Well, this room is almost empty. There's a broom, a mop and a bucket. There's also a hole in the middle of the room with a metal grate over it... Is this another closet? Why is it so big?!
>>
No. 796810 ID: 398fe1

>>796803
Weird. Just start hoarding everything in your bedroom.

Look down the grate, can you see anything down there?
>>
No. 796838 ID: 350a50

>>796803
Block the door, and look down the grate.
>>
No. 796873 ID: 143250

place bucket over your head.
>>
No. 796934 ID: ccc165

>>796803

Closets arent usually this big are they? Maybe it was for some kind of storage.
>>
No. 796944 ID: 91ee5f

>>796803
I hate to ask, but what does the room smell like? Because I think this might be the bathroom and that drain in the middle is where everything goes. And that might be a poo bucket over there.
>>
No. 797078 ID: ca0e20
File 149271175947.gif - (1.21MB , 800x600 , 057.gif )
797078

>Just start hoarding everything in your bedroom.

I might run out of space at this rate.

>Block the door

Since the current entrance can only be blocked by the panel which is currently propped up between the bed and the wall, I don't think I need to block it like doors can. Worst that can happen with no interference is the panel falling to the side somehow, and it would only block half of the entrance that way. And if somehow someone is there to close the door, bags of dirt won't stop them, even if this was a normal door.

>place bucket over your head.
>I hate to ask, but what does the room smell like? Because I think this might be the bathroom and that drain in the middle is where everything goes. And that might be a poo bucket over there.

...

The room smells a bit moldy. Kinda like a closet, but less concentrated. The bucket is currently empty, but it has seen it's fair share of use. I'm fairly certain dirty water was mainly contained in it... Although the bucket itself has an "iron" smell to it... It still seems too dirty for me to do anything with it. I'd rather hold it only by the handle.

... If I find a clean bucket...

>Closets arent usually this big are they? Maybe it was for some kind of storage.

Yeah... It's hard to say, but I think the walls are the same color as the garden room? I think this room is more recent. Emerald might know why this room is like that.

>Look down the grate, can you see anything down there?

I look down the grate and... I can't really see anything since it's dark. I might be able to see if I could turn the lamp on. Or I could just try to open it somehow.
>>
No. 797157 ID: c31aac

>>797078
Use the mop handle to wedge it open!
>>
No. 797159 ID: 398fe1

>>797078
Oh that's a tiny grate. This could've been a washroom at one point.

I say just bring the three items into the bedroom then reroll the door to see what we get.
>>
No. 797162 ID: ccc165

>>797157
This, if the lamp doesnt work.
>>
No. 797182 ID: 91ee5f

>>797078
>I might be able to see if I could turn the lamp on.
But to do that requires you to not have a magic canceling sword near the lamp! And I think we can all agree that not having your only good weapon out of reach isn't a good idea! Even though this place is empty, someone or something could pop out at any moment when you least expect it!
>>
No. 797185 ID: 398fe1

>>797182
...oh, is that why the lamp isn't on? Because of the sword?

She could just put her sword in the next room so that she can see down the grate or whatever. It's not like there's any room for anyone to hide in here.
>>
No. 797203 ID: 91ee5f

>>797185
Well, it's a combination of that and the fact that the lamp needs to be charged with magic to be turned on. Not that it matters, since it doesn't have a charge. So even if Raven moved the sword away, the lamp still won't turn on.
>>
No. 797205 ID: 350a50

>>797078
Go back, close panel, new room.
>>
No. 797208 ID: ccc165

>>797203
Maybe she should just use the freakin sword.
>>
No. 797209 ID: fe7355

Lean down to the grate and give it a sniff and see if it smells like iron as well, then go get the mini-rake. The presumably angled tines of the rake will work better to grab and lift the grate out. Then use the broom handle to feel about down the drain for any objects down there. If you find any you can just gingerly and gently reach in and grab them. Or if there's muck down there you'd rather not get all over your hands you can get the trowel to try and scrape them up the side of the drain.

...And it's a thoroughly unpleasant thought, but... Well... That "iron" smell might have been from blood. If the drain smells like it as well, then this room was possibly used to kill livestock and then washed down and mopped. ...Or to kill people. Or it might just be the smell of a rusty iron bucket. No sense in excessively speculating and freaking yourself out over what might be.

>>797203
Wait, I thought we determined that the sword has to be either in direct contact with a magical object or magic user or very close to disrupt magic. That's what I gathered from when the viper's muzzle was cut.

>>797208
As a lamp? The anti-magic sword doesn't glow, at all.
>>
No. 797211 ID: 15a025

See if you can't pry it open with something. Try your sword or your shovel.
>>
No. 797214 ID: 350a50

>>797209
>As a lamp? The anti-magic sword doesn't glow, at all.
It did when it was cancelling Rip's invisibility charm. We don't have any active magic items to make it glow though, and it was basically just a nightlight.
>>
No. 797216 ID: 91ee5f

>>797209
Raven is carrying the lamp and the sword with her. How does that not qualify as "close to each other" for you?

Again, like Raven said here: >>791701 , she needs either a magic user or a charged crystal to transfer the energy to it. Raven has neither of those.
>>
No. 797217 ID: 91ee5f

>>797216
Also, don't use the sword to open the grate. That'll mess up the blade and/or break the magic canceling effect.
>>
No. 797219 ID: 350a50

>>797216
>>797209
Also, the sword cancelled Rip's cloaking charm from down a hallway.

It might just be that Raven doesn't know how to work it properly.
>>
No. 797220 ID: 398fe1

>>797219
She definitely doesn't. There's some way to amplify it, but it passively cancels magic that touches the sword directly or gets very close to it.

You probably have to pump mana/magic/whatever into the sword to amplify its effect, and unfortunately Raven knows no magic.
>>
No. 797224 ID: 91ee5f

>>797219
Not according to what one of the bees said in the previous thread. They said it's always active and only turns off when it's put away in a special sheath that Ava still has with her.
>>
No. 797230 ID: 398fe1

>>797224
I... didn't catch that. Why the heck wasn't it working as well as when Ava was holding it? Maybe it wasn't because Ava had it, but because she had just removed it from the sheath? Like, it builds up a charge while inactive, and has a large radius at first when taken out, which shrinks over time?
>>
No. 797755 ID: ca0e20
File 149306372548.gif - (1.09MB , 800x600 , 058.gif )
797755

>As a lamp? The anti-magic sword doesn't glow, at all.
>It did when it was cancelling Rip's invisibility charm. We don't have any active magic items to make it glow though, and it was basically just a nightlight.
>Also, the sword cancelled Rip's cloaking charm from down a hallway. It might just be that Raven doesn't know how to work it properly.
> [Marigold] said it's always active and only turns off when it's put away in a special sheath that Ava still has with her.
>Why the heck wasn't it working as well as when Ava was holding it?

By my own observations, Ava's sword did glow when she dispelled Rip's invisibility. And when I approached Ava in front of the portal too. Ophi was trying to get some spells out and the sword was glowing in a similar way. Before I approached, I was further away from Ophi than Ava was from Rip in the hallway. Might have look different cause of... angles... Anyway, with Jik's muzzle, the sword was flickering instead of glowing. I don't know why.

But yes, I do not know how it works. Marigold might just not know about the specifics of it. Maybe someone else could offer better instructions for it. I doubt Ava would.

>Lean down to the grate and give it a sniff and see if it smells like iron as well

The smells from the grate smells more like mold, but I do detect some iron-y smells there too.

>then go get the mini-rake. [and use it]. Then use the broom handle to feel about down the drain for any objects down there. If you find any you can just gingerly and gently reach in and grab them.
>trowel

After gauging my options, I decide that the mini-rake is probably my best approach. The mini-rake, partner to the trowel, just remembered, is on my person already as one of my carried items. I should do another inventory check. The trowel is still in the room.

Inventory: Canteen of Pure Water (1 gulp), Old Journal, Mini-Rake
On Hand: Ava's Sword, Crystal Lamp

I take out the mini-rake and hook the rake's teeth in the grate. Luckily, the metal of of the teeth are flexible enough to make it fit with the gaps. I then pull up and it resists, but eventually gives in. I then take the broom and prod down the hole. At first I hit something firm not far from the top. I could reach it if I try to get to it. I continue to feel around with the broom handle and find that I can make the broom go a little deeper, but this time I hit something with a "tink" sound. Glass?
>>
No. 797756 ID: ca0e20
File 149306373146.gif - (1.16MB , 800x600 , 059.gif )
797756

I decide to go for it since nothing felt goop-y. I reach it and get a feel for a handle of some sort, made of glass with a cork up top. This object was a bit wedged in there but I pull it out of the drain nonetheless.

A potion!

..And I don't know what kind, since everything is purple...

Inventory: Canteen of Pure Water (1 gulp), Old Journal, Mini-Rake, Unidentified Potion
On Hand: Ava's Sword, Crystal Lamp
>>
No. 797757 ID: ca0e20
File 149306373646.gif - (1.39MB , 800x600 , 060.gif )
797757

>I say just bring the three items into the bedroom then reroll the door to see what we get.
>Go back, close panel, new room.

Figuring that there's not much else to this room, I bring the potion and cleaning objects in my room base then swap rooms.

A Hallway! This could be useful!
>>
No. 797774 ID: 143250

a prison hall. Perhaps more people are trapped here? Lets see if they are good or evil, or just skeletons.
>>
No. 797778 ID: 398fe1

Those look like wooden doors to me.

Listen to see if you can hear anything, before you open any of them. It occurs to me that these doors might lead to random rooms as well. If that's the case, start opening them and keep them open if you find useful rooms. Like for instance the flower garden.
>>
No. 797813 ID: 350a50

>>797757
Remember not to get in arm's reach of any cells.
>>
No. 797814 ID: ca0e20

I'll just swing by and say that these are in fact wooden doors. This is a normal hallway.
>>
No. 797819 ID: 350a50

>>797814
In that case, try the first on the right.
>>
No. 798258 ID: 87353e

>>797757
Leave one of the middle doors closed and then open/close the other hallway doors untill they lead to unnoccupied deadend rooms. This should lower the overall pool of random rooms to cycle through.
You can then use the middle doors to cycle through rooms in search of the others in one of two ways:
1. You can leave the one middle door closed and use the opposite door to cycle through rooms. (Risky)
2. Only use the single closed door to cycle through rooms. (Safer)

The former will allow other wanderers (freindly or hostile) to stumble upon this room on their own but give Raven the advantage of knowing what door they will enter from, while the latter will allow her more or less complete control over the sole entence to this area and to explore at her leisure with out worry of someone wandering in behind her.

If we are in a rush to locate our wounded allies I think the risky option is worth it since out of the 11 people we could run into , 8 are friendly and only 3 are hostile. Of which only Ava and Basant are major threats that we should avoid trying to take on solo. (This is discounting Rufa who should still be restrained and any new Phantoms/Echos we may run into though.)
>>
No. 798327 ID: 8111b6

More doors means more places able to be kept in place. If we find enough, we might be able to turn this place somewhat reliable and sensible.
>>
No. 798467 ID: 350a50

>>798327
I agree. For now, it's worth the risk. Besides, just like our enemies might stumble upon us, our friends might too.
>>
No. 798880 ID: 15a025

See if you can't pick up on some conversations going on through any of the doors?
>>
No. 800674 ID: ca0e20
File 149434798013.gif - (1.30MB , 800x600 , 061.gif )
800674

>Listen to see if you can hear anything, before you open any of them.
>See if you can't pick up on some conversations going on through any of the doors?

I lean against one of the door to listen with my ear against it. I wait and listen...

All I can hear are... whispers? It doesn't sound exactly like whispers but that's the closest thing I can compare it to. Whatever sounds I'm hearing, it's hard to imagine any languages using sounds like those...

>start opening them and keep them open if you find useful rooms.
>try the first on the right.
>leave the one middle door closed and use the opposite door to cycle through rooms.

After thinking about a plan of action, I decide to take a riskier approach since the odds seems acceptable for the potential greater gain.

I open all the doors except both middle ones until they lead to dead ends, which I generally end up getting on the first tries anyway. I get a bathroom, the room I woke up in after the Portal activated again, The room where Rufa took Azalea, and another old room I don't know. It has a table and a broken door in it so I don't know what it used to be.

I can't help but to think of the Head Mage, Sigourney. I suspect that the Portal affects those around it to get the portal open, but why did she come here in the first place?

With the 4 doors open I move to one of the middle doors and open one of them, leaving the other one closed for potential allies to come in through.
>>
No. 800675 ID: ca0e20
File 149434799019.gif - (1.78MB , 800x600 , 062.gif )
800675

As I enter it, 2 figures shimmers into the room near the desk. I drop the things I was carrying in my hands? How did I managed to- Wait, now I'm walking up to the desk with the other figures! I lost control of my body!

There some kind of bug - Or maybe a worm? - sitting at the desk and a catfish standing next to it. Both looks like they deal with magic.
>>
No. 800676 ID: ca0e20
File 149434800156.gif - (1.89MB , 800x600 , 063.gif )
800676

Worm Lady: "It's done I presume?"

Raven: "Yes. Nothing to worry about."

I didn't say that! I mean, I did but I wasn't going to!

Ok, something is obviously going on but it still feels weird and it's a bit distressing.

Worm Lady: "Good. *sigh*"

Male Catfish: "Miss, I think we should talk about Merchel."

Worm Lady: "Don't worry about him. He's predictable."

Male Catfish: "... I don't see why you are worried about the matters of the prisoners but are completely fine with Merchel potentially ruining what we've been working toward."

Worm Lady: "Because if push comes to shove, we still have ways to control him. For example, you've seen how he looks at the skunk girl?"

Male Catfish: "Stephanie? No, what of it?"

Worm Lady: "Oh Dreg. I'm sure you are quite the romantic."

Male Catfish: "... You really think this will be enough?"

Worm Lady: "Yes Dreg. When people fall in loves, they become... unfamiliar with sense and logic. Merchel can complain all he wants but he'll shut up if she's threatened. Even if he finds out about the deaths of the previous prisoners."

Male Catfish: "... What about the girl? You can control her?"

Worm Lady: "Yes. Merchel is here for his expertise. Stephanie isn't a bad magic researcher, but I might as well be her puppeteer with what I know about her. I'm sure I could convince her to execute a prisoner if I had to... With a bit of persuations."

Worm Lady: "At any rate, our job is not done. But we're getting close." She looks at me. "Ra(@$n" I.. didn't understand her. Her voice distorted... "Go and scout for more prisoners. We can safely say after the last couple of days that having a some extra bodies around might actually be a better option."

Raven: "Understood."
>>
No. 800677 ID: ca0e20
File 149434800690.gif - (1.49MB , 800x600 , 064.gif )
800677

As I start turning to walk back out of the room, both figures shimmers out and I regain control of my body.

This did not feel good. I never felt claustrophobic before but I can only imagine this was similar. But also, why was I part of the scene?! Who's role was I filling? That worm lady, once she addressed me, the name she used was reminiscent of mine, but...

I try to recover from what just happened by leaning on the desk. After I regain control of a normal breathing rhythm, I notice a noise. There's a big hole in this room's West wall and it seems like there's crying coming from over there... The voice and the shadow seems familiar...
>>
No. 800678 ID: ca0e20
File 149434801539.gif - (1.41MB , 800x600 , 065.gif )
800678

I enter the next room and I find Lucy!

She's crying in the corner of the room within desks that have been set up to make a square with the corner of the room. Her axe is sticking up in the middle of the room. The South wall should have a door, but seems like some ceilings collapsed and there's no real exit from that direction.
>>
No. 800682 ID: 143250

Well, what are you waiting for, Ra(@$n. Go find other prisoners

Considering that where you are is taking place in the past, That might be a different Lucy, a Lucy from the past. Not present Lucy. Regardless, lets talk to her.
>>
No. 800685 ID: 3ce125

>>800678
She's transparent! This is a Lucy from the past, before she met you, which means she is not your friend. Do not approach. Talk to her from a distance, ask if she's alright. Like "Lucy, are you alright?" so her first thought is wondering how you know her name. Then you can go on to explain the portal has been activated and you're trying to find Emerald so she can help turn it back off. Saying that would be very confusing to her but will also imply that you're Emerald's friend.

I wonder if her communication orb works? Or is she crying because it doesn't, and she thinks that means Emerald is dead? You can reassure her that it probably just means the spacial weirdness is interfering with its magic.
>>
No. 800687 ID: 0b7357

Be prepared to see some kind of demon when she turns around.
>>
No. 800729 ID: 91ee5f

Did you remember to pick up the things you dropped?
>>
No. 800769 ID: ba56e6

>>800729
This.

Also, greet Lucy quietly and calmly. She's wearing the outfit we picked out for her, so she's probably not a past Lucy. I think the shading around her shoulders just looks like it's showing the wall through her.
>>
No. 800771 ID: 3ce125

>>800769
Oh, you're probably right. I guess we should just reassure her that not all is lost, this has happened once before according to a journal you found. Maybe ask if she's seen anything interesting since she woke up in this purple mess?
>>
No. 800780 ID: 87353e

>>800682
>>800685
I think this is just a possessed Lucy and not an echo or a vision of Past Lucy. So far all Echos/Visions seem to have a smooth solid glow and everything about them is either ethereal or transparent right down to their material possessions.
Lucy's Ax looks normal and shes seems to be covered in the same spirit particles Raven had in her own encounter, the sash of Lucy's cloak does make her look transparent since it looks like it matches up with the masonry behind her.

Try not to startle Lucy and greet her as soothingly possible to get her attention. If Lucy is possesesed in a role like you were just a moment ago then she might need to fulfill some scene in order to shake it off.
Ask who she is, if she's alright and why she crying? Maybe sing her a soothing song/lullaby to help calm her down.
>>
No. 800784 ID: d6cf76

>>800678
>>800769
>>800780

Agree with these. Be gentle, careful, soothing voice- hell, if shes that distraught, a lullaby might be in order. Just as long as she knows you're here and everything IS NOT over.
>>
No. 800905 ID: ca0e20
File 149444258060.gif - (398.64KB , 800x600 , 066.gif )
800905

>I wonder if her communication orb works? Or is she crying because it doesn't, and she thinks that means Emerald is dead?

The communication orb is a spell though right? I don't think Lucy can make them. Emerald was the one to make them with Lucy.

>Did you remember to pick up the things you dropped?
>This.

Now that I see that it's Lucy, I hope she'll be ok for just a couple of seconds more as I get my stuff back. Hopefully I won't need my sword, though.

>lets talk to her.
>Do not approach. Talk to her from a distance, ask if she's alright. Like "Lucy, are you alright?"
>greet Lucy quietly and calmly.
>I guess we should just reassure her that not all is lost
>Try not to startle Lucy and greet her as soothingly possible to get her attention.
>Ask [...] if she's alright and why she crying?

For now I try to keep my distances just in case. I have reasons to believe that this is indeed Lucy, but I'm not sure... She is indeed opaque for example. I speak to her as softly as I can from this distance.

Raven: "Lucy."

Lucy gasp and her crying interrupts. She slowly turns around but says nothing.

Raven: "Are you alright?"

In a tone devoid of passion she answers.

Lucy: "... No. I can never be. Not anymore."

And she starts to weep.

Raven: "It's ok Lucy, not all is lost. There's is still time to fix things."

Lucy: "It doesn't matter. I can't be fixed.

Raven: "What do you mean? Is that why you're crying?"

Lucy: "I'm the one who turned myself into a monster and it's all I deserve. I'm not allowed to go back to my tribe, I shouldn't be allowed to. I don't deserve to be Wantagar. I'm a disgrace to my axe..."

She continues to cry.
>>
No. 800906 ID: ca0e20
File 149444258728.gif - (214.72KB , 800x600 , 067.gif )
800906

>Maybe sing her a soothing song/lullaby to help calm her down.
>Be gentle, careful, soothing voice- hell, if shes that distraught, a lullaby might be in order. Just as long as she knows you're here and everything IS NOT over.

Not too sure what to do, I decide to sing her something...

This song, I don't know what it means. It's in another language. One I never encountered before or since. Something I remember from my past that always cheered me up. Like the notes fades the bad feelings away.

By the time I finish, Lucy has stopped crying altogether. But she still seems down. The purple aura thins but persist.

I feel a little better too.
>>
No. 800909 ID: 3ce125

>>800906
Huh, strange, why would your singing affect the purple fog? I wonder... does the portal connect not to a world of demons, but to an otherworldly presence? Singular? Maybe enveloped the area around the portal? You're inside it, and it has access to memories of those that were inside it before. I wonder if that's because the being doesn't like negative thoughts. Did the being kill the first group to activate the portal when they tried to sacrifice lizards to fully summon the "demons"? Then eventually the portal ran out of juice?
Well, it's an interesting theory but we need more evidence.

Tell Lucy that you don't think she's a monster. She can prove it by helping set things right.
>>
No. 800913 ID: 3ce125

...huh, the fog got lighter as we made friends with the prisoners, too.
>>
No. 800967 ID: ba56e6

>>800906
That red glow matches the sword. Maybe you found one of the things it responds to?

Do you think that song is something like a lullaby your mother sang to you as a baby? It could be your family really is connected to this place.

>Lucy
"You're not a monster, Lucy. A real monster doesn't feel that regret. But our friends are out there, and so are the real monsters."

Offer her a hand up. More as a symbolic gesture, since you probably couldn't lift her at all.
>>
No. 800983 ID: 91ee5f

>>800967
>Offer her a hand up. More as a symbolic gesture, since you probably couldn't lift her at all.
Yeah, Raven's too weak. But let's do this!
>>
No. 801010 ID: cd28de

>>800906
I'm just going to assume this means you're an amazing singer. Should do it more.

>Lucy
Those tears tell me otherwise. A monster wouldn't be so full of remorse and a wish to get better. If nothing else, I don't think you're a monster. I think you're Lucy. And Lucy is pretty great.
>>
No. 801027 ID: 87353e

>>800906
Clamber over those desks, give that Minotaur a hug and don't you let go!

"Lucy you aren't a monster or a disgrace, you're a good and strong person that deep down only wants to help others even at the costs to yourself. It's true you've made mistakes and people have gotten hurt and died, but you regret those mistakes and for what its worth I forgive you."

Tell Lucy what you learned from the Old Journal, about the Magic Researchers, the Portal's dark influence and Merchel the journal's writer who was also in a similar situation to hers and how they found the resolve to try to set things right and make up for their mistakes.

Talk about the ghostly prisoners you befriended that have been trapped here all this time, about Emerald who's alone, wounded and lost along with the rest of your friends.
"There are people here right now who need help, our help and I can't do much on my own, but maybe together we might overcome this trial."
>>
No. 801048 ID: 7b95d9

>>800906
>>800967
Wait, did the sword activate? What's it reacting to, then? Doesn't it have to be really close-range here?
>>
No. 801049 ID: 3ce125

>>801048
The sword is passive. It is always on, and glows when it's neutralizing spells cast by people. It also glows, fainter, when it comes in contact with magical items and dispels them.
>>
No. 801050 ID: 7b95d9

>>801049
Huh. Weird. That's just confusing.
>>
No. 801051 ID: 91ee5f

Hey, nice singing voice! You really are a bard! Raven the Barding Birb! XD
>>
No. 801077 ID: ba56e6

>>801048
The sword is passive, but I'm starting to get the feeling it can get stronger under the right conditions.
>>
No. 801179 ID: cd28de

>>801077
I feel like this is a puzzle and we have a piece that we're just not sure how to fit in.
>>
No. 801199 ID: 91ee5f

>>801179
Maybe it's because Ava's still got the sword's sheath?
>>
No. 801218 ID: a8dd1c

>>801199
That had powers, too?
>>
No. 801219 ID: 91ee5f

>>801218
As far as we know, it turns the sword's magic canceling ability off when put into the sheath.
>>
No. 801660 ID: 15a025

Try singing another song and see what happens?
>>
No. 803008 ID: ca0e20
File 149524072647.gif - (426.29KB , 800x600 , 068.gif )
803008

>That red glow matches the sword. Maybe you found one of the things it responds to?
>Wait, did the sword activate? What's it reacting to, then? Doesn't it have to be really close-range here?

Did it? I look at the sword closely, but I don't see any sign of activity. All I remember is the feeling or warmth while I was singing. But that usually happens...

>Do you think that song is something like a lullaby your mother sang to you as a baby?
>I'm just going to assume this means you're an amazing singer. Should do it more.
>Hey, nice singing voice! You really are a bard! Raven the Barding Birb! XD

This song was sung to me as a child, but it was also taught to me pretty much as soon as I started singing. While I don't know what it means, the teachers were very peculiar about the inflections and pronunciation. So it's pretty much ingrained into my memory. Even though certain other aspects are a bit fuzzy. I don't really remember the teachers for example...

>Tell Lucy that you don't think she's a monster. She can prove it by helping set things right.
>Dialogue x3

Raven: "You're not a monster, Lucy. Those tears tell me otherwise. You feel regret, remorse and you have a wish to get better. A monster wouldn't do those things. You're not a monster or a disgrace."

Lucy: "But the things I've done... How can I ever recover from that... I'm tainted."

Raven: "You're a good and strong person that deep down only wants to help others even at the costs to yourself. It's true you've made mistakes and people have gotten hurt and died, but you regret those mistakes. And, for what its worth, I forgive you."

Lucy: "..."

Raven: "I don't think you're a monster. I think you're Lucy. And Lucy is pretty great! And we can prove it together. Our friends are out there, and so are the real monsters. You can help set things right."

Lucy: "..."
>>
No. 803009 ID: ca0e20
File 149524073330.gif - (441.26KB , 800x600 , 069.gif )
803009

>Offer her a hand up. More as a symbolic gesture, since you probably couldn't lift her at all.
>Yeah, Raven's too weak.

Hey! I'm not that weak! I mean, yeah I probably can't lift Lucy, but I bet I can lift her axe! ... If I had proper footing, unlike last time!

I put down what I'm carrying in my hands on the nearby wall piece that fell down then approach the desks and extend my hand toward Lucy. But as soon as my hand hovers over the desks, Lucy expression lights up and she slaps my hand away.

Luce: "NO! Don't get in here! You can get too close to me! I'm too dangerous!"

>Clamber over those desks, give that Minotaur a hug and don't you let go!

...
>>
No. 803010 ID: ca0e20
File 149524074055.gif - (552.21KB , 800x600 , 070.gif )
803010

I dash and jump over the desk! Lucy looks a bit horrified.

Lucy: "NO! DON'T!"

But too late. I am quicker and I now grasp her in a hug... Kind of. She starts to try and pry me off with considerable strengths and I fear I won't hold on for too long.

Raven: "I'M NOT LEAVING YOU HERE! YOU'RE GOOD AND I NEED YOUR HELP!"

Lucy: "I JUST HURT PEOPLE!"

Raven: "LUCY! THINK ABOUT WHAT I JUST SAID AND LISTEN TO ME!"

She stops pushing me with as much strength as she did. But she still holds me to make sure I don't get closer. This hug is a bit more natural since Lucy is kneeling. I just have to lower myself a little bit to be at the right hug height.
>>
No. 803011 ID: ca0e20
File 149524074891.gif - (463.52KB , 800x600 , 071.gif )
803011

>Dialogue

Raven: "There are people here right now who need help! Our help! And... I can't do much on my own. But maybe together we might overcome this trial. Please, Lucy. I need your help. And I know you can help. You want to help, don't you?"

As I wait for her answer, I notice that by being this close to Lucy, I'm pretty much within the purple aura she has. What's odd is that with our current silence, I can hear a similar sound that I could hear behind the door before. But as I wait for Lucy to respond and listen to those unnatural whispers, they fade away along with the purple aura.

As the aura is completely gone, Lucy immediately brings me in for a complete hug!

Lucy: "I'm sorry. You're right. You said before that I should make things right, and I wanted to. I don't know why I forgot. I have to do everything I can to make things better..."

I keep hugging her for a moment.
>>
No. 803012 ID: ca0e20
File 149524075578.gif - (424.61KB , 800x600 , 072.gif )
803012

>Tell Lucy what you learned from the Old Journal, about the Magic Researchers, the Portal's dark influence and Merchel the journal's writer who was also in a similar situation to hers and how they found the resolve to try to set things right and make up for their mistakes.
>Talk about the ghostly prisoners you befriended that have been trapped here all this time, about Emerald who's alone, wounded and lost along with the rest of your friends.

I eventually let go of her. I pick up my hat and put it back on my head. Then I stand up and grab her hand in a manner to help her up... Again as a symbolic gesture.

Raven: "Come on. On your feet."

As she stands up, I continue.

Raven: "You remember the old journal Rip gave me? The one he found in the collapsed tunnel? It was written by a magic researcher named Merchel. He was part of a team that came here long ago to study the portal. They were in a similar situation, but Merchel still made sure, in the end, that the portal was not opened. I'd say they did something right since there has not been any demons around."

Raven: "... Merchel also made a mistake working with that team too."

Lucy: "Yeah... I want to help now"

Raven: "I know. I told you. You're a good person. And I wouldn't doubt that you want to help. I appreciate that."

We exchange smiles.

Raven: "Come on, let's go." I start walking toward the hole in the wall. "We have to find our friends, which some are wounded, including Emerald. But I also found some snakes locked up in a prison. I've been trying to figure out a way to get them out but I think you might be able to help."

I turn and Lucy isn't following me. She stares at her axe.

Raven: "Everything ok?"

She finally grabs the axe handle and pulls the axe out of the ground.

Lucy: "Y-yeah. I just... Needed to bring my axe along."

Raven: "O-ok"
>>
No. 803013 ID: ca0e20
File 149524076326.gif - (273.22KB , 800x600 , 073.gif )
803013

We make our way back to the halls and uhhhhhh... She's purple so I can't tell easily who this is. Oh yeah, the flowers on her head. It's Marigold! The door I left closed opened and leading to another room.

Marigold: "Ah! Raven! I knew I could find you!" And she sounds like Marigold! She turns to Lucy "Oh and you're here too! Thanks for helping me earlier!"

Lucy: "I-it was nothing, I just got a lucky shot..."

Raven: "Wait. How?!"

Lucy: "I don't know, I just kinda swung at his arm and hit him. He flinched enough for her to escape his grasps."

Raven: "No I mean - hey nice job - I meant Marigold, how did you find us?"

Marigold: "I don't know! But every time I go and look for people I find them!" Her expression changes. "Ummm. You guys don't have anything that could help my sisters do you? Poppy especially?"

Poppy was very hurt last time I saw her. I don't know if I can do much, but I might as well see how everyone is doing...

Raven: "You know where she is? I'll follow you."

Marigold: "Ah thanks, it's just over there actually..."

Marigold goes back to the room where I assume she came from. Lucy and I follow.
>>
No. 803014 ID: ca0e20
File 149524077256.gif - (523.69KB , 800x600 , 074.gif )
803014

The other bees are pretty much through the door I left close in their own room. There's a bed and a drawer. Like the over-sized closet, this room seems too big for how much stuff there is in it. Poppy is on the bed and she doesn't seem to alert. Aster is sitting on the floor next to the bed not looking like she's too comfortable. Calla is the only on standing. All of them seems to have used pieces of their own clothes to patch themselves up.

When Calla sees me enter, she takes a few steps towards me, obviously limping but enduring the pain. Probably using anger! That's pretty much the expression she has right now: pain and anger.

Calla: "I don't know what your plan was but I hope you're happy. Aster is lucky to be alive with only broken limbs and Poppy might be dying soon from blood loss! What the hell were you thinking?!"

Calla's stern commanding front broke in her voice saying that last phrase. I feel like my heart got punched.
>>
No. 803026 ID: 40a223

>>803014
... yeah, I suppose that shouldn't be too surprising. It hurts, but still not too surprising. That's what happens when people who you come to regard as friends are angry at you.

"...something's better than nothing, I guess. I knew what would happen if she activated the portal. I... this is going to sound really really mean. I knew that if the portal was opened successfully, then everyone would die because of demons. I figured maybe it was better to have a slim chance then no chance.

Honestly, I guess you have a right to be mad at me. But I'm just really really really happy to see you right now."

No more talking. Let's see if we can do anything for Poppy. I kind of want to give the sword to her as a show of trust, but I don't know if that's a great idea.
>>
No. 803039 ID: ba56e6

>>803026
Nah, we should keep the sword.

>>803014
Well, nobody in the group is a doctor or a healer. Maybe one of the snakes is?

"This is all because of Ava and Ophi. They're the ones who were trying to sacrifice her back there, they're the ones who wanted to summon the demons.

I met some prisoners in this place, whatever it is. From the sounds of it they were captured to be test subjects. Maybe one of them can help if we get them out."
>>
No. 803047 ID: 3ce125

Emerald probably knows some healing spells. If Marigold's ability to find people is reliable, then the next person we should find is Emerald.

Tell Calla you fucked up. You're sorry.
>>
No. 803051 ID: 91ee5f

Don't let the door close! Also, you might want to tell them about how closing doors changes the rooms around.

And be careful where you swing the sword! You don't want to accidentally poke someone and poison them, right? .....we should tell them it's poisoned so that they know to be careful. Having it's sheath to put it in would be really helpful in preventing accidental poisonings right about now.

Hey, now that Lucy is here, she might be strong enough to force open the prison cell where the snakes are, without needing to get a key!

>>803014
>4 out of 5 bees
I hope Rip and Azalea are ok. And hopefully they've still got Rufa paralyzed or something.

Do we have anything in our hoard of items that could help? Might need to go back to the room we put them in to check on those items as well.

>>803008
>Song
Maybe it's a spell of some kind that needs to be sung as a song in order to cast it? Which would explain why the sword lit up, it was canceling whatever magic that song was supposed to do.
>>
No. 803053 ID: 40a223

>>803051
Oh, hey that gave me an idea. Anyone want to risk that potion? Maybe a quick taste test?
>>
No. 803067 ID: ba56e6

>>803053
Oh, you're right. There's an extremely off chance it's a healing potion. We might want to use that as our last resort though.
>>
No. 803071 ID: ca0e20

>>803014
Ah dang it! It's not a huge mistake, but I forgot to add a sword here. By my last count, one bee sword should have been here, I think. If I don't forget, it'll be there in the next update. But it "re-appearing" won't be a jumble weirdness, just me forgetting (cause I thought of something else to not forget as I was about to put it in the panel, and went and did that other thing, forgetting the sword).
>>
No. 803188 ID: 87353e

>>803014
Now that Lucy is back in the party I wonder if our Minotaur is more adept at navigating magical labyrinths.

>Calla
Apologize to the Bees for putting them in danger and explain to them the whole deal with the portal. If Ava had fed Rip to the portal you all probably wouldn't be here right now. The promise of power and a pact of control is a lie, just bait to manipulate power hungry fools into preforming the portal ritual. What ever being that is on the other side is powerful enough to twist people to its whims from across time and space, the things it could do unfettered in the prime material plane are probably unspeakable.

> Hurt Bees, what do?
Check to see if if you can provide any additional emergency first aid to the wounded Bees.
Ask Lucy if she knows of a place in the ruins where medical supplies or medicinal plants are kept.
Mention that Emerald knows healing magic and could help if rescued, but she was wounded and may be unconscious some where.
Pull out the Mysterious Potion and show it to everyone for a group examination. If it doesn't explode when uncorked and displays healing properties after passing a smell and taste test, give half to Poppy and save the rest in case Emerald or someone else also needs to be stabilized.

>>803051
>Song
The song itself could be divine in nature or it maybe it just invokes some form of positive energy that counteracts this purple zone of malaise that's taken over the ruins. The portal and things related to it may amplify and feed off negativity.
>>
No. 803349 ID: 15a025

>What the hell were you thinking?!
Thinking of saving everyone from a demonic end of the world.
>>
No. 804566 ID: ca0e20
File 149582798965.gif - (517.71KB , 800x600 , 075.gif )
804566

>Tell Calla you fucked up. You're sorry.
>Apologize to the Bees for putting them in danger
>Dialogue x2

Raven: "...something's better than nothing. I'm sorry for putting you guys in danger, but I knew what would happen if she activated the portal. I... this is going to sound mean. I knew that if the portal was opened successfully, then everyone would die because of demons. I figured maybe it was better to have a slim chance then no chance.
Honestly, you have a right to be mad at me. But I'm really really really happy to see you right now."

Calla: "...Just. Try not to be so reckless. I told you I want to make sure my sisters were safe before we did anything."

Aster: "Calla, we all put ourselves in danger with this job. You know that."

Aster somehow sounds like she has less energy than usual. But she still sounds present.

Calla: "... Yes, I do know. But I'm not gonna stop trying to make sure we all survive. You're not expendable."

Raven: "What I did was risky but it's what I felt had to be done. Ava and Ophi are at fault here. They're the ones who were trying to sacrifice Poppy back there. They're the ones who wanted to summon the demons... I wish things went better, but there is real opposition here."

>No more talking. Let's see if we can do anything for Poppy.
>Check to see if you can provide any additional emergency first aid to the wounded Bees.

Raven: "But it's not time for me to justify my actions. We should focus on helping Poppy."

Calla: "If you have a way, I'd appreciate it. Everyone who was injured has been patched up. Poppy has the worse of it, followed by Aster. While Aster seems like she'll survive, she cannot move of be moved... And as much as Poppy's wound has been dressed, it was with pieces of clothing from our uniform. She's weak..." Calla takes in an irregular breath and sets herself straight again "She needs to be healed as soon as possible."

>Well, nobody in the group is a doctor or a healer. Maybe one of the snakes is?
>Emerald probably knows some healing spells. If Marigold's ability to find people is reliable, then the next person we should find is Emerald.
>Mention that Emerald knows healing magic and could help if rescued, but she was wounded and may be unconscious some where.

She did mention that she used healing spells! During her experiments... But she knows them.

Raven: "The armadillo, her name is Emerald. She knows healing spells. We should find her."

Calla's expression lights up.

Calla: "Got it. Marigold-"

Raven: "-Wait! I want to talk about the doors, but first..."

I make a motion like I'm trying to find a spot to put down the lamp. Marigold almost immediately takes the lamp off my hands and I send her a short quiet "thanks".
>>
No. 804567 ID: ca0e20
File 149582799214.gif - (425.24KB , 800x600 , 076.gif )
804567

>Oh, hey that gave me an idea. Anyone want to risk that potion? Maybe a quick taste test?
>Oh, you're right. There's an extremely off chance it's a healing potion. We might want to use that as our last resort though.
>Pull out the Mysterious Potion and show it to everyone for a group examination. If it doesn't explode when uncorked and displays healing properties after passing a smell and taste test, give half to Poppy and save the rest in case Emerald or someone else also needs to be stabilized.

I take out the potion I found. And show it. Everyone looks at it for a moment.

Calla: "...What is it? Is it a healing potion?"

Raven: "I don't know. I can't tell by looking and I haven't opened it yet. It could be anything, but it could be a potion."

She extends her arm down with a hand open.

Calla: "I'll test it."

Raven: "What if it's poison? Or explosive?"

Calla: "I'm only going to use a drop. If it's poison it won't kill me. And I can take whatever other damages a drop will do to me."
>>
No. 804574 ID: 3ce125

>>804567
Well, alright. I hope we can reliably identify it with a drop.
Though, I wonder if it would be more appropriate for Raven to test it, considering we've put the bees at risk enough already.
>>
No. 804575 ID: 87353e

>>804567
Uncork that potion and take a waft to make sure it smells safe-ish and isn't like concentrated reptile blood or something before handing it over.
>>
No. 804578 ID: 91ee5f

>>804574
Something tells me Calla should be the one to test it because, since she's a mercenary, she must have some experience in identifying potions.

Raven, however, barely started her journey, with little to no experience at all. So even if Raven does test the potion, she probably won't be able to identify it.
>>
No. 804598 ID: fe7355

Wait, before she tests it, go back to the snakes and ask 'em if any of them has skill in identifying potions, showing them the potion you found and letting them sniff it too. For all you know, one of them was a alchemist before being taken. Or they may have seen this particular kind of potion used here before.
>>
No. 804604 ID: 91ee5f

>>804598
It would be kinda weird to just go back, ask them about the potion, and then leave. If we're going to do that, then we might as well bring Lucy to see if she can break the cell door.

>>804567
Make sure the door doesn't close before you explain things! It'd suck if you can't get back to the snakes!
>>
No. 804605 ID: aea2e7

>>804598
I think we should just test it here. It would be kind of a risky spending of time otherwise in my opinion. I'd like to believe that at least some of the bees have experience in detecting poisons and other such things.
>>
No. 804623 ID: ba56e6

>>804575
This.
>>
No. 804770 ID: 15a025

Are sure you're okay with testing it?
>>
No. 805421 ID: ca0e20
File 149633510386.gif - (393.76KB , 800x600 , 077.gif )
805421

>Uncork that potion and take a waft to make sure it smells safe-ish and isn't like concentrated reptile blood or something before handing it over.
>This.

Raven: "Umm, just a second..."

I pop the potion open while Calla gives me a very unsure look. I take a whiff of the smell that emanates from the bottle. Smell way more pleasant than blood. So at least it's not that. I'm not an expert in potions, but I can also tell that this is one... just not what kind it is.

Raven: "Alright, it's good."

Calla: "... It's a healing potion?"

Raven: "No, I just wanted to make sure it was a potion and not... something else..."

Calla: "Oh... I'm sure I would have noticed if it was otherwise."
>>
No. 805422 ID: ca0e20
File 149633510704.gif - (545.46KB , 800x600 , 078.gif )
805422

>Well, alright. I hope we can reliably identify it with a drop.
>Something tells me Calla should be the one to test it because, since she's a mercenary, she must have some experience in identifying potions.
>I think we should just test it here. It would be kind of a risky spending of time otherwise in my opinion. I'd like to believe that at least some of the bees have experience in detecting poisons and other such things.
>Are sure you're okay with testing it?

I hand her the bottle. She kneels to the floor and starts undoing the clothes on her leg from the dagger from earlier. After taking a sneaky sniff at the bottle's content, she covers the mouth of the bottle with her hand and tilt the bottle upside down, then quickly back right side up. She looks at her hand as nothing seems to be happening.

Calla: "So far so good..."

She then... rub the potion on her wound?

Raven: "Aren't you suppose to drink it?"

Calla: "You can use health potion more efficiently by applying it directly to an open wound. Drinking the potion works too, but will heal you everywhere. This way, you make the effects work directly where you need it and you don't need as much of it." Her face lights up again. "See?"

Her wound is bigger than the amount of potion that was applied, but a small portion of her cut is repairing itself right before our eyes. Fortunately, the potion has healing properties!
>>
No. 805423 ID: ca0e20
File 149633511163.gif - (507.81KB , 800x600 , 079.gif )
805423

Without dressing her wound again, she stands back up and immediately goes to Poppy to do the same to her wound. Only this time she uses more of the potion to cover the entire wound. And after applying some to the wound, she makes Poppy drink some while also taking to her in a manner to prevent her from falling asleep. But after Poppy swallows the gulp of potion, she let's out a big sigh of relief and immediately looks more alert than she did. Her wound also looks completely healed from what I can tell. There's still blood left over.

Poppy: "... Everything is purple."

Calla hugs Poppy while Marigold joins in.

Calla: "That's actually normal for now."

Aster just looks over with a smile of relief but still looks pretty hurt.

Things feel bittersweet. Poppy is healed, but things are still not quite wrapped up as nicely as they could be. But no one is dead yet. Ava's previous victory over us was not total. We'll be prepared next time...

Raven: "How much of the potion is there left?"

Calla hands the bottle over and I cork it back shut. It's now half emptied. As far as I know, Aster, Calla, Emerald and Azalea are the ones that are still hurt. I should think of who might need the rest of the potion.
>>
No. 805424 ID: ca0e20
File 149633511623.gif - (536.01KB , 800x600 , 080.gif )
805424

Calla: "How are you feeling?"

Poppy: "Like I just woke up from an uncomfortable sleep" She says while rolling her shoulder and tilting her neck. "I need to stretch."

She turns herself to get out of the bed. Calla and Marigold moves out of her way to let her get up.

Calla: "Don't overdo it. Ideally, you still should be resting..." She turns to me. "You seem to have an idea of what is going on?"

Raven: "Uhh, yeah..."

>Apologize to the Bees for putting them in danger and explain to them the whole deal with the portal.

Raven: "I want to explain some things, but first I'd like to apologize again. I might- I did put most of you in great danger and I can say I didn't mean to do so. But it still happened and I'm terribly sorry."

Calla: "It's fine, Raven. Aster was right. We know the dangers we put ourselves into. And you're trying to stop something in a way that caught me off guard and I was... worried. But you helped Poppy. You're fine." I show a small smile of relief. "But- try not to put us into more danger than we need to be. We can make those decisions on our own."

Raven: "Don't worry. I never wanted to put any of you in danger."

Marigold hugs me and whispers to me.

Marigold: "Eeee! We can stop being secret friends and be regular friends now!"

I just smile. I really am glad that everyone is mostly ok.

I explain to them what I know or think I know so far. Everyone listens intently as I tell them about the portal's purpose. How a reptilian needs to be sacrificed to the portal to open it, the influence it has on certain people around it, and how it's activation is the reason everything it purple and jumbled. I also tell them them about the previous group of mages and the snake prisoners.

>Don't let the door close! Also, you might want to tell them about how closing doors changes the rooms around.

Raven: "Also, closing doors is how you change the rooms around. So we should be careful about which doors we close."

Calla: "We know. It's how Marigold found us and brought us into one room."

>I hope Rip and Azalea are ok. And hopefully they've still got Rufa paralyzed or something.

Raven: "Speaking of which, where is Azalea?"

Calla: "Oh. Actually, you might want to go see her, since she found your friend. The lizard..."

Raven: "Did something bad happen?"

Calla: "It's... I... don't really know how to explain it. You should go see them. Azalea decided to stay with him to protect him, and maybe even help him."

That sounds odd...

>And be careful where you swing the sword! You don't want to accidentally poke someone and poison them, right? .....we should tell them it's poisoned so that they know to be careful. Having it's sheath to put it in would be really helpful in preventing accidental poisonings right about now.

Raven: "In the mean time I should mention that you should all be careful. There's poison on this sword. Might be potent enough to be dangerous if you touch it."

Calla: "Ava's sword!"

Poppy: "Is the poison glowing?"

Raven: "I think. It's from a snake who's... also glowing. One of the prisoners could spit poison."

>Hey, now that Lucy is here, she might be strong enough to force open the prison cell where the snakes are, without needing to get a key!

Raven: "I couldn't help them out without a key, but I think Lucy might be able to help!"

Lucy blushes a little.

Lucy: "I... Just tell me what you want me to do and I'll try my best."

>Do we have anything in our hoard of items that could help? Might need to go back to the room we put them in to check on those items as well.

Raven: "Alright, I should tell you all my current setup with these doors. The hallway with the 7 doors has 4 doors open to reduce the pool of rooms that will appear. Previously I had the fifth door closed to let a potential ally to come in while I used the sixth door to explore. The seventh door at the end of the hallway will lead to a room where I've stocked a bunch of items that could be useful. I should check again to see if something could be useful, but you can also check. That room also leads to the prison where the snakes are. Both of these doors should stay open."

Aster: "Whatever you guys are doing, I wouldn't mind some help onto the bed."

Calla: "... You shouldn't really move."

Aster: "If no one helps me, I'm still getting on there by myself."

Calla looks at Aster pensive, but it looks more like she's trying to figure out the mechanic of how to move Aster properly with minimal damages.

Poppy: "... I think the rest of the potion should be given to Aster."
>>
No. 805433 ID: 3ce125

>>805424
...it'd be a good use of the potion, but someone else might get mortally wounded before the end of this crisis. Ask if Aster can hang on at least until we get Emerald and see if her healing magic is good enough to restore Aster.

Letting the prisoners out should wait too, probably. While they are trapped, they are also safe. Nobody can get IN the cell without the key, after all...

Let's go check on Rip before we go looking for Emerald, so that we have a little bit of insurance. He's probably affected by the same fog Lucy was. Be prepared to sing your song again.
>>
No. 805438 ID: 91ee5f

>>805424
>Rip and Azalea
Last time we saw them, Rip was protecting Azalea! And they were using some paralyzing pollen from a flower to keep Rufa subdued!

Wait, what about Rufa? Was she still paralyzed or did she escape?

>Healing potion
Uh, we were hoping to use it on Emerald, since we saw her get stabbed in the back by Ava. Although, being an armadillo, Emerald might actually be ok. But we don't even know where she is to be sure that she is ok!

And what about Azalea? She was pretty hurt last time we saw her. Wouldn't she also need the potion?

And she just told us that Rip could possibly be hurt also!

There's too many injured people and not enough healing potion for all of them! Isn't there someway to spread it out for everyone? Obviously, we'd give more to whoever is injured the most, but.....this really sucks!
>>
No. 805458 ID: ba56e6

Alright, so here's my take:

-Give half of the remaining potion to Aster. This should make it easier to move her, or help her move herself, without causing further damage. Save the rest for Emerald or an emergency.
-Rip is probably trapped in the purple aura that Lucy was under the influence of.
-Send Lucy and Marigold to retrieve the snakes. Marigold's disarming personality will help put them at ease.
-Leave Calla with the injured bees to keep watch over the main hallway.
-If a way is not open to Azalea and Rip already, close the door to the room Lucy was in and use it to get to Azalea and Rip. Marigold says you need to focus on who you want to find when you open a door, so this place's layout must be malleable. Try what she suggested.
-It is possible that the death of Rip, or even the snake prisoners, will complete the ritual. We should avoid that as priority one.
-After Rip is secured, we find Emerald. She's the most likely to be able to get us out of this limbo, as long as we can convince her to help.

Thoughts?
>>
No. 805459 ID: 3ce125

>>805458
Seems reasonable. Will a quarter of a healing potion be able to save someone's life though?
>>
No. 805460 ID: 3ce125

Oh, it occurs to me Raven really needs to be there when we find Emerald, because if she's affected by the purple fog she might try to attack us with magic. The sword will make it safe to approach her. I guess Raven doesn't have to be carrying it, but still.
>>
No. 805476 ID: c70160

>>805458
I like this plan of action.
>>
No. 805488 ID: ba56e6

>>805460
Agreed.

>>805459
That is a fair point. If Aster is staying put, maybe it's best to just save the rest of the potion for now. We can give her some if we need to move her.
>>
No. 805547 ID: 87353e

>>805424
>Healing potion
I think we should save it for now until we locate Emerald and confirm if she's in a stable or critical condition, if Emerald is stable she should be able to help heal any wounded allies.
Plus since she is a self professed "Jack of All Trades" when it comes to magical knowledge she might even be able to replicate a few more doses of the potion if given a sample and access to her cauldron and magical reagents.

>Aster
Maybe Lucy could use her powers of STRONK to help Calla move Aster or chop up some of the tables we found to make some splints for the broken limbs or a stretcher.
I'd like to move Aster to the Storage Bedroom but we'd have to get her through the narrow closet and also push the bed out of blocking the doorway so it could be used.

>Go to Azalea and Rip or Find Emerald next
These are both really important but now that we know Azalea is protecting Rip, Emerald is the only ally left that's alone and still unaccounted for.
I think we should try to recover Emerald first before she either gets recaptured or bleeds out if she's in critical condition like Poppy was, then we can go check out Rip and see if he is ensorcelled by a Negativity Aura or glowing like the prisoners.
>>
No. 805549 ID: ba56e6

>>805547
I guess it's true that Emerald is wounded. Rip could go PTSD and kill Azalea, though.
>>
No. 805565 ID: 87353e

>>805549
Maybe but it seems Calla felt it was safe enough to let Azalea handle the situation by herself for now.
I'm more worried about Ava's team getting a hold of anyone we haven't regrouped with, since they have to be up to something or roaming around the ruins too.
>>
No. 805583 ID: ba56e6

>>805565
You're not wrong. I'll change my vote to finding Emerald first, then.
>>
No. 805778 ID: 15a025

Give Aster the potion, then go check up on Rip and Azalea. We might have to cheer Rip up like we did with Lucy.
>>
No. 807479 ID: ca0e20
File 149729148055.gif - (512.55KB , 800x600 , 081.gif )
807479

>Wait, what about Rufa? Was she still paralyzed or did she escape?

Raven: "Calla, Rip and Azalea are together? Was Rufa there?"

Calla: "No."

Raven: "Did Azalea say what happened when the portal activated? Why is she with Rip?"

Calla: "She said she woke up disoriented and immediately wandered to find Rip, since he was missing. But she found him in the next room... Due to his situation, She decided to stay with him. When we found her, we gave her one of the 2 sword we still had."

Calla picks up one of the bee sword that was on the floor this whole time.

With the portal jumble, I think it's safe to assume that Rufa isn't being guarded anymore. She's out there somewhere and I don't know if she's still paralyzed.

>And what about Azalea? She was pretty hurt last time we saw her. Wouldn't she also need the potion?

Raven: "How hurt is Azalea? She was pretty hurt last time I saw her."

Calla: "She seems to be doing better than I'm doing. Most of her cuts are easy to brush off. The cuts on her ankle are the deeper ones, and she already patched herself up... I think she'd win against me if we were to footrace."

She looks down at her stab wound, finally realizing it being exposed with her cloths in her hands. She start to reapply them on her wound.

>Isn't there someway to spread it out for everyone?

Raven: "Is there a way to give a small bit of potion to everyone?"

Calla: "If we do, it would mostly just make everyone feel a little better."

>Ask if Aster can hang on at least until we get Emerald and see if her healing magic is good enough to restore Aster.

Raven: "Aster, How long can you hang on like this?"

Aster: "I'm doing alright, actually. We've already reset the leg and the arms. All things considered, I just would like not to be sitting on the floor... Walking again would still be nice though."


>Let's go check on Rip before we go looking for Emerald, so that we have a little bit of insurance.
>Alright, so here's my take: [plan of action] Thoughts?
>I like this plan of action.
>Seems reasonable. Will a quarter of a healing potion be able to save someone's life though?
>If Aster is staying put, maybe it's best to just save the rest of the potion for now. We can give her some if we need to move her.
>Maybe Lucy could use her powers of STRONK to help Calla move Aster or chop up some of the tables we found to make some splints for the broken limbs or a stretcher. I'd like to move Aster to the Storage Bedroom...
>I think we should try to recover Emerald first before she either gets recaptured or bleeds out if she's in critical condition like Poppy was, then we can go check out Rip and see if he is ensorcelled by a Negativity Aura or glowing like the prisoners.
>I'll change my vote to finding Emerald first

Raven: "Alright Lucy, you're strong. I'm sure you would have no problem helping Calla Aster right?"

She blushes.

Lucy: "O-oh! I guess not!"

Raven: "Before you do though..."

I instruct Lucy to cut pieces from the bed to make along the length to make a couple of makeshift poles. I then use my uncanny ability to make clothes to make a stretcher with those poles using the sheet of the bed. During, Marigold and Poppy goes in the hallway since the room is a bit crowded.

Raven: "Now both of you can carry Aster by placing her on this!"

Aster: "Just to put me on this be- mattress?"

Raven: "Actually I want to move you to another room. I made a storage room out of some bedroom and it's basically a temporary base."

Calla: "... Why can you do this?"

Raven: "It's useful when I need to change clothes for fun!"

Calla: "..."
>>
No. 807480 ID: ca0e20
File 149729148715.gif - (499.87KB , 800x600 , 082.gif )
807480

While they set Aster up, I go to the storage room. The small closet isn't in the way anymore since I closed the panel before it instead of closing the door after it. The room I started in and that small closet are still connected together somewhere. When I get there, I move some things out of the way and then push the mattress/bed in the center of the room. The rest arrives and I tell them to put Aster on the bed.

This room feels cluttered. Though I guess I don't really have time to tidy up.

Raven: "Next, Lucy and Marigold, take this mini-rake and try to get the snakes out of their cells. Lucy, you should be able to use the teeth of the rake to drive the pins out of hinges of the door."

Lucy: "Oh, ok. That should be easy enough."

Raven: "The hinges are rusted too, but I'm sure you got this."

Lucy: "A-ah, yeah!"

For the first time, Lucy seems a bit more... confident? In her reaction? As she takes the mini-rake with a smug smile and then accompanies Marigold to the next room.

Raven: "Calla, you stay here and protect Aster and Poppy."

Calla: "... Fine. You seems to have a better handle at how things are going right now."
>>
No. 807481 ID: ca0e20
File 149729149249.gif - (512.05KB , 800x600 , 083.gif )
807481

I go back to the hallway and stand in front of the door that led to Lucy and I close it. Rip is being protected by Azalea, while Emerald is alone and potentially hurt... I focus on Emerald. Then open the door.
>>
No. 807482 ID: ca0e20
File 149729150047.gif - (726.84KB , 800x600 , 084.gif )
807482

!!!

I have not stepped into the room yet, the room is filled with shadowy figures. They all turn to me with glowing eyes.
"You're an abomination!"
"Your death would be a blessing to the world, cleansed from your filth!"
"How are you even alive?!"
"I can't believe we're suppose to pretend like nothing is wrong with you!"
"You're definitely a failed experiment!"
"An animal would deserve a funeral compared to you!"
"You're crying?! Don't mimic feelings real people have, you monster!"
"No one should pity you."
"Your existence is a mistake!"

It just keeps going on like this. These voices sounds distorted, but with a faint hint of normal voice behind them. The gender and age differs from accusation to accusation. I notice that the room is a pretty big and there's a faint glow to the right, past the figures.

>>
No. 807486 ID: ba56e6

>>807482
Brandish the sword at the illusions and push through to the figure further in. If they try to stop you, cut them down.

I think this place manifest's peoples' self-loathing, and it looks like Emerald has a lot of it.
>>
No. 807488 ID: 3ce125

>>807482
I think it's time to start singing again.
>>
No. 807512 ID: 91ee5f

>>807482
These voices.....all the things they're saying.....that might explain why Emerald wanted to activate the portal herself.

She wanted to reject the world that rejected her.

Raven, Emerald could really use a friend right now.
>>
No. 807513 ID: 7b95d9

>>807482
Man, nobody deserves this. Experiment? Abomination? I wonder what happened.

But before all that? You need to GET YOUR FRIEND BACK. Maybe call out for her?
>>
No. 807540 ID: ba56e6

>>807488
This, too. Singing while fighting off the shadowy figures.
>>
No. 807756 ID: 1fb12c

>>807540
Not entirely sure she can do that...
>>
No. 807792 ID: ba56e6

>>807756
If she intends to be a bard, she better start learnin'.
>>
No. 807806 ID: 1fb12c

>>807792
You really really think this is a good time?
>>
No. 807824 ID: 15a025

Heed no mind to the shadows and shove your way past them. If they give you any gripe, just spit back a witty remark at them.
>>
No. 807894 ID: ca0e20
File 149746603467.gif - (571.74KB , 800x600 , 085.gif )
807894

>Raven, Emerald could really use a friend right now.
>You need to GET YOUR FRIEND BACK. Maybe call out for her?

Raven: "Emerald!"

Emerald: "R-raven?"

It's coming form the right, where the glow is.

>Brandish the sword at the illusions and push through to the figure further in. If they try to stop you, cut them down.
>I think it's time to start singing again.
>This, too. Singing while fighting off the shadowy figures.
>Heed no mind to the shadows and shove your way past them.

Emerald is in there...

I raise my sword. I don't know if I should sing or not. I decide to start humming to myself to reassure myself and go forward. The figures continue yelling things but they move out of the way a bit to let me through. I don't fully trust them so I continue slowly and on my guard. As I start making my way toward the glow in the room, the figures starts to slowly get closer to me. I wave my sword to show that I'm armed but they don't react.

Suddenly, one of them bump into me which throws me off my humming. I take a swing in that direction but they all dispersed already. As I'm looking for which one might have bumped into me, another one does. These figures are now mostly crowding the place up and it feels like I'm trying to navigate a highly populated market. I stop trying to take swings, since I can't, and start trying to shove back. The closer I get to the glow the more I get bumped into. Eventually, I give up on humming too since I can't actually hum properly. The good feeling it gives has not manifested itself like it does anyway.

Raven: "Emerald!"

Emerald: "I'm over here!"

She's closer. Just a little more...
>>
No. 807895 ID: ca0e20
File 149746604166.gif - (1.11MB , 800x600 , 086.gif )
807895

Suddenly, I find an opening where the figures are not tightly packed. There's an opening where they all stand in a semi-circle. In the middle I see a single figure, but this one looks different. It stand over who I assume is Emerald on the ground.

Raven: "Emerald!"

Emerald: "Raven?"

The figure slowly turns to look at me. The other voices hushes.

???: "A raven? ... Who are you?"

The voice is distorted like the others, but the natural voice I can hear is of this young woman. She has a strict tone to her inflection.
>>
No. 807897 ID: 3ce125

>>807895
You are her friend, and they should not be treating her this way. All life deserves respect. She should not be punished or ridiculed for something she had no control over.
>>
No. 807899 ID: 143250

bow as a sign of respect, introduce yourself, explain that Emerald is your friend
>>
No. 807903 ID: 7b95d9

>>807895
...should they know that we're here? The LAST strange visions didn't seem to...

Either way...nothing wrong with being polite, I suppose.
>>
No. 807908 ID: ba56e6

>>807895
You're Emerald's friend and you're here to rescue her.
>>
No. 807911 ID: 91ee5f

>>807897
This.
>>
No. 807923 ID: 87353e

>Eventually, I give up on humming too since I can't actually hum properly. The good feeling it gives has not manifested itself like it does anyway.
Maybe the melody alone isn't enough? Words and the feelings behind them hold power just like spells, perhaps all of the song's components together are required to invoke its effects?

>>807895
Greet the Shade and ask who they are in return. You are Emerald's friend, you've come to help and take her away from this.

>>807903
These visions may be more powerful not only due to the severity of Emerald's past traumas, but enhanced and made manifest by her own magical power.
>>
No. 807925 ID: ba56e6

>>807923
That's true, she might be 'casting' these things without realizing it.
>>
No. 807939 ID: 3ce125

>>807923
>maybe the melody alone isn't enough
Considering her memory of being instructed on the song included strict pronunciation, I'd say yes. It requires the verbal part.
>>
No. 808000 ID: 87353e

>>807925
In the least, given the size of the aura she is putting out, Emerald is a prime conduit for amplifying these phantasmal constructs of mental misery, be it magical in nature or purely subconscious.

>>807939
I thought that was the case, but I also thought I may have just imagined Raven giving that explanation, so I tried to word it in a way that didn't feel excessively meta-gamey to me about verbal and somatic components.
>>
No. 808060 ID: ca0e20
File 149755612168.gif - (1.67MB , 800x600 , 087.gif )
808060

>You are her friend, and they should not be treating her this way.
>This.
>bow as a sign of respect, introduce yourself, explain that Emerald is your friend
>nothing wrong with being polite, I suppose.
>You're Emerald's friend and you're here to rescue her.
>Greet the Shade and ask who they are in return. You are Emerald's friend, you've come to help and take her away from this.

I bow to the figure as a sign of respect.

Raven: "My name is Raven Pecks and I am Emerald's friend."

As I straighten up and look back up to her, she starts to laugh. It's a very poised laugh. I only hear it for a short second as the rest of the figures in the room in turn laughs with her. Both the distorted and natural side of their laugh is deafening and jarring to the ears. Eventually they subside. The shade finally responds in an amused tone.

???: "Darling, no one is her friend. She doesn't deserve any."

Raven: "And who are you that you can make that kind of claim?"

???: "Normal. And anyone that is should understand the filth that this one is."

Raven: "... I'm here to get her out of here!"

???: "There's only one way out for her... "

She move to the side and I can finally see Emerald. It doesn't look like Emerald is wounded like I was worried about, but she's not looking well either.

???: "It is commonly believed that fire has cleansing properties. This fire will make things right..."
>>
No. 808068 ID: 3ce125

>>808060
A bold claim. Has she proven it with her own body? Ask what's even wrong with Emerald, she just looks like an armadillo to you. What was that stuff about a "failed experiment"?

Move over to Emerald. Check on her, see if she's still tied up. Ask her if she's okay, and if she can stand. Don't untie her until you've broken the illusion; there's no telling what she could do while in such a crisis situation.
>>
No. 808073 ID: 7b95d9

>>808060
"No."

If she needs any further explanation, apply sword to shadowy face. That should explain it well enough.

We ain't having roasted armadillo today.
>>
No. 808089 ID: 91ee5f

>>808060
"You're right, so why don't you go jump in and see if it cleanses you?! In fact, you can take your fire and shove it straight up your ass, bitch! You don't get to decide if Emerald is allowed to have friends or not! That's a decision that only Emerald is allowed to make for herself!"

Start singing the song! Don't even wait for the bitch lady to reply to you, just start singing!
>>
No. 808121 ID: 736c78

>>808089
I get a very strong feeling that won't end as well as you think it will.
>>
No. 808139 ID: 736c78

>>808060
Though I don't really care, I want to keep her talking a bit. Maybe ask her to explain exactly what's different about Emerald.
>>
No. 808140 ID: 736c78

>>808139
I'm thinking about it that might convince her that we're not normal either. So...maybe phrase it as specifying the differences?
>>
No. 808160 ID: 91ee5f

>>808121
Well, of course it won't! Raven never swears, so she'll just filter out the swearing in my suggestion and put in different non swear words in there.
>>
No. 808162 ID: 87353e

>>808060
>no one is her friend
>Normal. And anyone that is should understand
>There's only one way out
Sorry but normality is relative to one's perspective and from ours, you're the abnormal ones. Anyway she's wrong, you and Emerald aren't going to be sticking around for their cookout, Emerald does have people who want to be friends and they are waiting for us.

Keep your guard up and try to strafe around closer to examine Emerald and the Bonfire, she was responding before but has gone silent since the Main Shade started speaking, so it might have done something to her. Is she moving at all? Does she look catatonic or paralyzed? Tell her is gonna be alright and see if you can get her to start talking again.

As for the Bonfire try to get close enough to determine level of authenticity, be prepared to have to spring between or through it to rescue Emerald.
>>
No. 808172 ID: d152c2

>>808162
I kinda want to start with this, however I also really want to just apply sword to the shadow's face.

Try to make sure Emerald is at least talking then apply sword to this weird manifestations face?

Also I can't help but feel like this was what Lucy was going through before we found her.
>>
No. 808194 ID: ba56e6

>>808172
We tried swording the shadows here >>807894 and it didn't work.

>>808060
Push past and untie Emerald, then help her walk out of there.
>>
No. 808201 ID: 91ee5f

>>808194
>untie Emerald
I would normally argue and bring up >>808068 's point of "Don't untie her until you've broken the illusion; there's no telling what she could do while in such a crisis situation."

But then I remembered that we're currently holding the magic canceling sword, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Yeah, I think she's been tied up long enough, let's untie her.

Also, I just realized that she's gonna be very sore since she's been tied up for part of Thread 1 and all of Thread 2. In fact, her legs might be numb from not moving for so long, so we might need to carry her if she can't walk for a little bit. At least until she gets feeling back in her legs.
>>
No. 808210 ID: 7b95d9

>>808194
Brings up a solid point.

Rush past, untie her, let's beat feet. Or claws. Or whatever. I refuse to leave her here.

Friends don't do that.
>>
No. 808218 ID: 3ce125

>>808201
>we've got the sword, Emerald is no threat
Oops, you're right. Unfortunately that also means she can't use her magic to help escaping this room.

Definitely gonna have to talk our way out of this. Maybe Raven can just be irritatingly stubborn and insist that because Emerald has her as a friend she must deserve one. Nothing they can say will make a difference, after all Raven already knows Emerald has murdered people.
>>
No. 808727 ID: 15a025

I didn't see Armadillo Burritos on the menu tonight. Challenge them to duel, winner gets Emerald.
>>
No. 810914 ID: ca0e20
File 149867530140.gif - (542.00KB , 800x600 , 088.gif )
810914

>A bold claim. Has she proven it with her own body?
>Dialogue

Raven: "Have you proven that claim with your own body!?"

I hear gasps in the crowd.

???: "Wh-?! What are you on about?!"

Raven: "You don't get to decide if Emerald is allowed to have friends or not! That's a decision that only Emerald is allowed to make for herself!"

???: "She's an abomination! Something that shouldn't be!"

>Dialogue

Raven: "Sorry, but normality is relative to one's perspective. And from ours, you're the abnormal ones."

???: "How- dare you! I'm nothing like her! My existence is natural and a blessing to this world! Why would you side with someone such as her?! And to imply that I should burn?!"

The other shades in the room gets restless. I am not making fans in this room.

???: "You see this? I matter. Any affront towards me is aimed towards them and anyone who respects my family name. You are killing yourself if you side with her!"

>Ask what's even wrong with Emerald, she just looks like an armadillo to you. What was that stuff about a "failed experiment"?
>Maybe ask her to explain exactly what's different about Emerald.
>I'm thinking about it that might convince her that we're not normal either. So...maybe phrase it as specifying the differences?

Raven: "What, specifically, is the difference with her and everyone else? She just looks like an armadillo to me."

???: "This has nothing to do with that... Do you know about her magic? There's a reason she's an adept..."

Raven: "What?! What is it?! What's this about a failed experiment?!"

???: "... Wizards always get too ambitious if they are not kept on a figurative leash."

...

Raven: "And?"

???: "I'm done talking to you. If you sympathize with her, even if you don't know what she is, then you're scum and I do not want to sully my time with the likes of you."

The other shades starts yelling things again, but this time, some yells things at me too. Mostly about being associated with Emerald, but also about my appearance...
>>
No. 810915 ID: ca0e20
File 149867531326.gif - (497.86KB , 800x600 , 089.gif )
810915

>Move over to Emerald. Check on her, see if she's still tied up. Ask her if she's okay, and if she can stand.
>Keep your guard up and try to strafe around closer to examine Emerald and the Bonfire. [...] Tell her is gonna be alright and see if you can get her to start talking again. As for the Bonfire try to get close enough to determine level of authenticity
>Try to make sure Emerald is at least talking
>Yeah, I think she's been tied up long enough, let's untie her. [...] we might need to carry her if she can't walk for a little bit. At least until she gets feeling back in her legs.
>Rush past, untie her, let's beat feet. Or claws. Or whatever. I refuse to leave her here. Friends don't do that.
>Anyway she's wrong, you and Emerald aren't going to be sticking around for their cookout, Emerald does have people who want to be friends and they are waiting for us.
>Push past and untie Emerald, then help her walk out of there.

Well, screw them!

I start moving to Emerald to help her. The main shade suddenly blocks my path with a very intimidating clawed like hand. Her voice is more distorted than ever.

???: "Don't you dare help her! She needs to realize what she is! Accept that she shouldn't be! And she's the one that needs to throw herself in the fire! She doesn't deserve help, and has to understand how unnatural she is! Enough for her to unbind herself! Even if she can only free her arms and has to crawl in the fire!"
>>
No. 810916 ID: ca0e20
File 149867532243.gif - (608.96KB , 800x600 , 090.gif )
810916

>If she needs any further explanation, apply sword to shadowy face. That should explain it well enough.
>apply sword to this weird manifestations face?

Usually I try to resist violence if I think I can avoid it. But I guess I know it won't work, even if I wish it would.
I swing my sword to cut her arm out of my way. As expected, her arm dissipates our of the way in a smoke-like fashion.

???: "*GAAAAAASP*"

I didn't expect her to react, but heh. I take another swing to her face, but it has similar result as the arm, shocked glowing eyes looking at me. The room goes silent. The other shades seems to be in shock.
>>
No. 810918 ID: ca0e20
File 149867532614.gif - (728.08KB , 800x600 , 091.gif )
810918

I walk over to Emerald.

Raven: "Emerald, can you hear me?"

Her voice is trembling.

Emerald: "R-Raven... I-it's boring here, I wanna leave..."

Her face is a mess. Especially her cheeks.

Raven: "Everything is gonna be alright, Emerald. Here, I'll untie you."
>>
No. 810919 ID: ca0e20
File 149867533581.gif - (701.00KB , 800x600 , 092.gif )
810919

???: "How... DARE YOU!?! There is something deeply wrong with you to attack someone like me! It's no wonder you side with this THING! You're a psychopath!!!"

I ignore her and look at the fire while I untie Emerald. This fire looks familiar somehow... I get Emerald untied and from her bindings, finally. I notice that none of the shades makes any attempts to stop me. All they do is yell things at us.

???: "You are making a big mistake! Don't you take her out of here!"

I check Emerald's stab wound. Seems like there is some damage, but it's minimal and the blood seems to have coagulated properly. Good shell. I put the clothes I made for Emerald back on her after removing my old clothes that were used to bind her. I remember that her hat is still in the Portal room. I fold my old clothes to carry it more easily. Then I help Emerald to her feet. Like predicted, she can barely stand up at the moment, so I do most of the work to get her on her feet.

???: "You despicable bird. STOP IGNORING ME! You recognized my greatness when you bowed to me before! Bow to me!"

With Emerald, the sword and my old clothes in tow, I start making my way back to the door I came in from. The shades continue to yell things at us, but they part out of my way, anyway. I can hear the big shade following us.
>>
No. 810920 ID: ca0e20
File 149867534267.gif - (754.08KB , 800x600 , 093.gif )
810920

???: "You... I'll make you regret what you're doing now! Mark my words, you have not seen the last of me!"

Raven: "I doubt tha-"

I hear and feel a tap next to me. Away from me? I look to Emerald and back to the big shade. Emerald look undisturbed and the shade is just angrily squinting at me...
>>
No. 810921 ID: ca0e20
File 149867535139.gif - (711.31KB , 800x600 , 094.gif )
810921

We're now in the hallway. I place Emerald sitting against the wall. The shades still yelling at us, but it seems like they can't cross the threshold. I go to close the door.

???: "You two are made for each other."

I close the door. Silence. I'm still a bit deafen by all the yelling.
>>
No. 810922 ID: ca0e20
File 149867536160.gif - (451.55KB , 800x600 , 095.gif )
810922

I turn to take care of Emerald again, but she's on all four, head down. Slowly she stands back up with trembles. She keeps her stare at the ground but I can see her face a bit. It's pained. Once she's fully up, she starts feeling the wall to guide her as she heads further into the hallway, away from the base.

Raven: "Emerald, wait-"

Emerald: "NnngggrrrRRAAAHHHHH!"

Suddenly she pushes herself away from the wall and makes a motion with both her hands towards the empty hallway. She looks at her own hands.

Emerald: "W-w-why? Nnngg"

She collapses back to the nearest wall and start pounding on it with her fists.

Emerald: "I FINALLY LEFT !!! I WAS AWAY FROM THEM!!! HOW DID THEY FIND ME!?! WHY CAN'T I MAKE THEM GO AWAY!?!"

She's crying and screaming with rage.
>>
No. 810940 ID: 3ce125

>>810922
She just tried to cast magic but the sword blocked it... First explain that this place might be feeding off of negative thoughts and experiences, and producing hallucinations. Those people weren't really here. Ask her who they were, though? Why did they think there was something wrong with her?

If she tries to cast any more spells tell her the sword is blocking it. May as well tell her that eventually regardless.
>>
No. 810990 ID: 7b95d9

>>810922

"I don't know, but if they come back, I'll help chase them away again."
Then
>>810940
>>
No. 811006 ID: 7b6983

Supply a liberal application of hugs!
>>
No. 811016 ID: 87353e

>>810922
Tell her it's okay, they weren't really real and all they can do is try to hurt her with their words. This place made them from her thoughts and memories to torment her, you think its trying to propagate misery and despair to grow stronger off the negative emotions or maybe it simply just revels in them.

Sit down with Emerald for some real talk time to help her let it all out. Whats the story with the big shadow, she was a bona fide asshole. Who is she? Was she one of the leaders of your Wizard Village/School? She called you an experiment, did someone "make" you or experiment on you as a kid? Either way that doesn't excuse her abuse.
>>
No. 811044 ID: ba56e6

>>810922
"We just did, Emerald. We left, and they couldn't stop us."
>>
No. 811205 ID: ba56e6

Also, if hugs are attempted, be careful of the sword.
>>
No. 811206 ID: 143250

>>811044
This
>>
No. 811749 ID: 15a025

Tell Emerald they're probably just illusions from the portal. Maybe give her a cozy hug too, to help her calm down a bit.
>>
No. 811755 ID: ba56e6

Also, maybe offer/inform of hugs before engaging. Consensual hugging is important.
>>
No. 813633 ID: ca0e20
File 149944848335.gif - (454.18KB , 800x600 , 096.gif )
813633

>Dialogue x2
>Tell her it's okay, they weren't really real and all they can do is try to hurt her with their words.

I approach her and try putting a hand on her shoulder to see if she's open to physical contact. She pulls herself away and turn her head away from me.

Emerald: "L-leave me alone, Raven!"

I let my hand drop but stay close.

Raven: "It's ok, Emerald. Whatever these things were, they were not real. We left and they couldn't stop us. And if they come back, I'll help chase them away again."

Emerald: "Why are you always doing this?! Why are you not like them?!"

Raven: "These things were terrible Emerald. I think most people are not like them."

Emerald: "They were the only people I've ever known..."

>Ask her who they were, though? Why did they think there was something wrong with her?
>Whats the story with the big shadow, she was a bona fide asshole. Who is she? Was she one of the leaders of your Wizard Village/School? She called you an experiment, did someone "make" you or experiment on you as a kid? Either way that doesn't excuse her abuse.

Raven: "Yeah, people... Emerald. Who were they?"

Emerald: "..."

Raven: "The big one. She was their leader? At your Wizard School."

Emerald: "I- I-"

Raven: "Did- Did someone make you? Or-"

Emerald: "I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!"

Raven: "..."
>>
No. 813634 ID: ca0e20
File 149944849369.gif - (327.95KB , 800x600 , 097.gif )
813634

>Supply a liberal application of hugs!
>Also, if hugs are attempted, be careful of the sword.
>Maybe give her a cozy hug too, to help her calm down a bit.
>Also, maybe offer/inform of hugs before engaging. Consensual hugging is important.

I've already leaned the sword on the wall to free my hands up.

Raven: "Emerald."

Emerald: "What?!"

Raven: "I want to give you a hug. Can I do that?"

Emerald: "Why? What's the point?"

Raven: "Hugs feel good. It can make you feel better."

Emerald: "..."

Raven: "I'm gonna hug you now."

She does not say anything more, so I assume it means she isn't rejecting the offer. I give her a big hug.

Raven: "Whatever happened to you, these people had no excuse to treat you this way."

Emerald is tense. Usually, people relax when they are hugged, but she doesn't. She stay tense. I keep holding her for now.

Raven: "I'll help you chase them away, Emerald."

Emerald: "... Once I open the portal, they'll go away."
>>
No. 813646 ID: ba56e6

>>813634
"So would I. What good is revenge if you're alone?"
>>
No. 813691 ID: 91ee5f

>>813634
>"...Once I open the portal, they'll go away."
"Uhhh, Emerald? I hate to tell you this, but Ava.....already opened the portal. That's why everything around us is this weird purple color. And that's why you saw those shadowy people. They didn't follow you all the way out here, they were manifested from your memories of them by the portal, so that they could mess with you."
>>
No. 813804 ID: 87353e

>>813634
Emerald, If you finish opening the portal then we'll all go away. It'll destroy everyone including you, but I think deep down you knew that already didn't you?

Are you also trying to die here? Lucy and I don't want you to die, didn't you say you wanted to go on adventures together with us, meet good people and make new friends like the bees (who love your flowers by the way) or were you just pretending?

Those "people", those monsters back there were wrong, no one deserves to die for simply existing and there really are good people out there, but you'll never get the chance to meet them or have those experiences if you finish the ritual.
>>
No. 813808 ID: b1b4f3

>>813634
Tell her you will find another way.
>>
No. 814040 ID: 15a025

Emerald, if you open the portal, you're going to send us away as well!
>>
No. 814855 ID: f62fd8

>>814040
>>813808
These.
>>
No. 815749 ID: ca0e20
File 150005798024.gif - (344.52KB , 800x600 , 098.gif )
815749

>Ava.....already opened the portal.

No, she just activated it. A reptilian still needs to be sacrificed to open it, which is why we should find Rip soon and protect him.

>Dialogue
>Emerald, if you open the portal, you're going to send us away as well!

I stop hugging Emerald and turn her around to make her face me.

Raven: "So would I. What good is revenge if you're alone? Opening the portal won't just make them go away, it'll send us away as well! Me and everyone else here!"

Emerald: "Not if I control the demons to not attack you!"

>Dialogues

Raven: "Emerald, If you finish opening the portal then we'll all go away. It'll destroy everyone including you... But I think deep down you knew that already didn't you?"

Emerald: "W-what? No!"

Raven: "Lucy and I don't want you to die. Didn't you say you wanted to go on adventures together with us, meet good people and make new friends like the bees who love your flowers by the way or were you just pretending?"

Emerald: "N-no, it's just-"

Raven: "Those "people", those monsters back there were wrong, no one deserves to die for simply existing and there really are good people out there, but you'll never get the chance to meet them or have those experiences if you finish the ritual."

Emerald: "But what if I don't get another chance to make them go away!?"

>Tell her you will find another way.

Raven: "I'll help you find another way. A way that don't include destruction. Trust me. Things can be better than this."
>>
No. 815750 ID: ca0e20
File 150005799043.gif - (376.74KB , 800x600 , 099.gif )
815750

"Ahem..."

I turn to see Calla in the door to the base room.

Calla: "I'm sorry to interrupt. Something happened."
>>
No. 815754 ID: 3ce125

>>815750
Oh no, is it Rip?
>>
No. 815789 ID: 7b95d9

>>815750
I really hope that's not as ominous as you made it sound.
>>
No. 815790 ID: 143250

What, did Ava find us? did one of the doors close?
>>
No. 815791 ID: 87353e

>>815750
Aw geez, what happened? Was there an accident while trying to bust the prisoners out of their cell, did anyone get injured? If its about how the prisoners look a little funny, I may have neglected to mention they might either be Ghosts or displaced in time and space. Or did something happen to Azalea and Rip?
>>
No. 815858 ID: ba56e6

>>815750
You look concerned, but not panicked. I'm hoping that means an injury and not a death?
>>
No. 815959 ID: 91ee5f

Raven, don't forget to get the sword and bring it with you!

Also, ask Emerald if she's ok. The last thing you saw when you were trying to save her, was Ava stabbing her in the back.
>>
No. 816411 ID: 15a025

Ask the age old question: "Does it involve any blood?"
>>
No. 820922 ID: ca0e20
File 150212879876.gif - (510.01KB , 800x600 , 100.gif )
820922

>Oh no, is it Rip?
>I really hope that's not as ominous as you made it sound.
>What, did Ava find us? did one of the doors close?
>Aw geez, what happened? Was there an accident while trying to bust the prisoners out of their cell, did anyone get injured? If its about how the prisoners look a little funny, I may have neglected to mention they might either be Ghosts or displaced in time and space. Or did something happen to Azalea and Rip?
>You look concerned, but not panicked. I'm hoping that means an injury and not a death?
>Ask the age old question: "Does it involve any blood?"

Raven: "Oh no. Is it Rip? Azalea? Ava? Blood?! Was there an accident with the ghost prisoners who might just be displaced in time?! Wait, you look more concerned than panicked, so at least no ones DEAD?!?"

Emerald: "Gee, way to be on top of everything..."

Raven: "I'm not on top of the unknown!"

Calla: "Uhh! No, no, nothing like that! I think... Just come and see. Your Minotaur friend is a bit upset after the prisoners... disappeared?"

What?

>Raven, don't forget to get the sword and bring it with you!

I got the sword! And the hat! I think I left the lamp with Marigold though.

Inventory: Canteen of Pure Water (1 gulp), Old Journal, Healing Potion (Half Full)
On Hand: Ava's Sword

>Also, ask Emerald if she's ok. The last thing you saw when you were trying to save her, was Ava stabbing her in the back.

Before I go I turn to Emerald.

Raven: "Wait, are you ok? In the portal room, Ava stabbed you..."

Emerald: "Yeah, I'm fine. She should try stabbing the part of me that isn't covered in bone next time... If she can."

Emerald looks down at her hand, but her expression shows worry for a bit.

Emerald: "Anyway, let's go."
>>
No. 820923 ID: ca0e20
File 150212880394.gif - (516.38KB , 800x600 , 101.gif )
820923

We move to the prison room, passing Poppy and Azalea in the Base room. The door to the cell has been removed from the hinges like planned. Lucy is sitting in the corner with Marigold consoling her... Where are the prisoners?

Raven: "So... What did you say happen? When did they disappear?"

I notice Lucy jump with a sharp gasp when I start to talk.

Calla: "If I understand correctly, Lucy and Marigold opened the door and the next thing they know, the cell was empty."

Raven: "Did anyone search the cell yet?"

Calla: "No... Have you seen this darkness before? It looks odd and I didn't want to send someone in it if it was an unnecessary risk. But maybe the prisoners are beyond it?"
>>
No. 820944 ID: 25f1b2

>>820923
Hmmmmm.

Y'know what I think happened? I think we might've done a thing we weren't expected to. Whatever's powering this place more than likely is treating everything like...like actors in a play. There's certain ways the people are expected to act. And they likely weren't SUPPOSED to be freed. But since they WERE, the magic running this place wasn't sure how to act- so suddenly they vanished.

That said I dunno anything particular about this weird darkness. They MIGHT be in there or something, dunno.
>>
No. 820948 ID: 045962

>>820923
It's highly probable the prisoners were ghosts, and opening the cell gave them the closure they needed. As for investigating the cell... sounds risky, but it could teach us a lot...
>>
No. 820950 ID: 3ce125

>>820923
Put the door back.
>>
No. 820951 ID: 87353e

>>820923
>Calla
I've seen a couple types of darkness, one latches onto people and the other seemed to occupy specific locations or objects and induce visions. This one might be the latter or maybe something new.

>Lucy & Marigold
Hey are you both alright? I was worried the prisoners might just vanish upon opening the cell and it must of spooked you pretty bad. I don't think you did anything wrong if you're worried about that. Did they talk to you or say anything before they disappeared?

>Darkness
Wave in Emerald to get her opinion. Give her a run down on the situation and ask if there is anything she can do to mystically investigate on this anomaly. Make sure to relocate the enchanted sword to the other room for now just in case she needs to cast something or preform a ritual. See if anyone wants to volunteer to go in with you on a scouting mission if it comes down to it.
>>
No. 821015 ID: ba56e6

>>820950
"The doors in this place seem connected to travel. Maybe opening the cell door did something? Either it broke the temporal anomaly keeping them here or it moved things around, like the other doors did."
>>
No. 821104 ID: ca0e20
File 150221876748.gif - (550.14KB , 800x600 , 102.gif )
821104

>Y'know what I think happened? I think we might've done a thing we weren't expected to. Whatever's powering this place more than likely is treating everything like...like actors in a play. There's certain ways the people are expected to act. And they likely weren't SUPPOSED to be freed. But since they WERE, the magic running this place wasn't sure how to act- so suddenly they vanished.
>It's highly probable the prisoners were ghosts, and opening the cell gave them the closure they needed.
>"The doors in this place seem connected to travel. Maybe opening the cell door did something? Either it broke the temporal anomaly keeping them here or it moved things around, like the other doors did."

I think of possible reasons the prisoners disappeared. But I don't really know of any way to know what happened for sure.

>Put the door back.

We could do that.

Raven: "What if we put the door back?"

Marigold: "Lucy... already tried... several times after they disappeared. Nothing happened."

Lucy: "I'm sorry..."

>Hey are you both alright? I was worried the prisoners might just vanish upon opening the cell and it must of spooked you pretty bad. I don't think you did anything wrong if you're worried about that. Did they talk to you or say anything before they disappeared?

Marigold: "Nooo, Lucy! It's ok!"

Raven: "I don't think you've done anything wrong Lucy. I suspected the prisoners would vanish upon opening the cell and it must have spooked you pretty bad. You don't have to worry about it, alright Lucy?"

I didn't actually knew they would disappear, but hopefully it'll help Lucy not feel guilty...

Lucy: "Oh... I-if you say so..."

She looks a bit less upset.

Raven: "Did they say anything before disappearing?"

Lucy: "No. I mean, I popped the door off the hinges and next second they were gone."

Marigold: "I kinda wish I was staring at them when it happened. I feel like they went away just because we were focusing on the door. You know? Like, maybe if we were looking at them, they could only disappear once we look away!"

Raven: "You're both alright though?"

Marigold looks over Lucy.

Lucy: "... I think so."

Marigold: "Yay! I'm fine too!"

>I've seen a couple types of darkness, one latches onto people and the other seemed to occupy specific locations or objects and induce visions. This one might be the latter or maybe something new.
>I dunno anything particular about this weird darkness. They MIGHT be in there or something, dunno.

I turn to Calla.

Raven: "About the fog, I've seen a couple types of darkness. One latches onto people and the other seemed to occupy specific locations or objects and induce visions. This one might be the latter or maybe something new."

Calla: "But they only induces visions..."

Raven: "I don't know exactly how they work. But the snakes might be in there"

Calla: "I can go check it out."

>Wave in Emerald to get her opinion. Give her a run down on the situation and ask if there is anything she can do to mystically investigate on this anomaly. Make sure to relocate the enchanted sword to the other room for now just in case she needs to cast something or preform a ritual. See if anyone wants to volunteer to go in with you on a scouting mission if it comes down to it.
>As for investigating the cell... sounds risky, but it could teach us a lot...

Raven: "Just a sec, Emer-"

Emerald was entered while we talked and has been looking at the darkness.

Raven: "Emerald, got any idea of what is going on here?"

Emerald: "... Let me check."

Emerald starts making her way into the cell. Calla perks up a bit and follows her close. I decide to hurry and follow suit after leaving the anti-magic sword in the other room. Once inside, Emerald tells us to keep our distances from her. Calla isn't too fond of the idea but still stay back near the bars with me.
>>
No. 821105 ID: ca0e20
File 150221877196.gif - (169.45KB , 800x600 , 103.gif )
821105

Emerald walks up to the fog and pretty much just puts her hand on the darkness.

Raven: "Ahhh! Emerald! What if it was dangerous!?"

Emerald: "That's the best way to find out."

Emerald looks at her hand and some of the darkness seems to have stuck to her hand. It seems like it's moving on her hand. She just examine her hand a bit and then makes some kind of magic. It seems bright, but it mostly dissolves the darkness from her hand. Her magic then poofs making her flinch away from her hand.

Emerald: "Raaah! Why is my magic this way?!?"

Raven: "What? Something wrong with your magic?"

Emerald: "I couldn't do fire earlier and now this cleaning light explodes? It's not suppose to explode!"
>>
No. 821106 ID: ca0e20
File 150221877461.gif - (835.08KB , 800x600 , 104.gif )
821106

I'm about to think of something to do, but Emerald's stance changes. She puts both hands in front of her and the same bright light emanates from her hands. This time though, a beam shoots out of her hands into the darkness!

*Bwaaaaaaahhh*

But then there's a bunch of static light crackles and a whole lot of poofs explodes everywhere around the beam.

*Pop pof* *pof pop pop* *pof*

By the time the poof disperse, the darkness fill itself back to it's original state.

Raven: "Good attempt, Emerald?"

Emerald: "There's a door on the other side."

Raven: "What?"

Emerald: "I saw a glimpse of the other side before my spell went to hell."
>>
No. 821107 ID: 87353e

>>821106
OH! Get your Crystal Lamp and see if Emerald can charge it up. Maybe if the light is contained in an enchanted vessel it won't be as easily counteracted by the darkness.

>Cleaning Light Spell
Also show her the Old Journal and ask if she has any spells to clean up the smudges with out damaging the writing.
>>
No. 821108 ID: e58269

>>821106
Oh! The sword might be causing it to cancel out. Probably is really. Get Marigold or one of the others to hold onto it and take it a decent distance away, and then have her try again.
>>
No. 821109 ID: 3ce125

The sword might still be too close, maybe? You didn't tell her about the sword yet, maybe you should.
>>
No. 821110 ID: ba56e6

>>821108
We left the sword off to the side for that reason.

>>821107
This seems plausible. Something to keep the magic focused and prevent it from going wild.
>>
No. 821112 ID: 91ee5f

>>821110
>We left the sword off to the side for that reason.
Yes, but it's still in the same room. Maybe the sword needs to be farther away from her?
>>
No. 822304 ID: 15a025

Ask Emerald if she can cast the spell again?
>>
No. 822311 ID: 3ce125

>>821112
No, it's in the other room.
>>
No. 822314 ID: 91ee5f

>>822311
No, Raven is still holding it and she's standing near the bars. The bars are in the same room that Emerald is in, meaning the sword is probably still too close to her.
>>
No. 822316 ID: ba56e6

>>822314
>after leaving the anti-magic sword in the other room.
>>
No. 822328 ID: 91ee5f

>>822316
Oh, whoops.

Well, like I said earlier, it probably needs to be moved further away.
>>
No. 825016 ID: ca0e20
File 150368476522.gif - (492.96KB , 800x600 , 105.gif )
825016

>Oh! The sword might be causing it to cancel out.
>The sword might still be too close, maybe? You didn't tell her about the sword yet, maybe you should.

Ah yes, I didn't find a good time to bring it up before.

Raven: "Emerald, the sword I was carrying seems to have some sort of anti-magic to it. Maybe I didn't leave it far away enough?"

I take a step in the direction of the cell door to go and move the sword further.

Emerald: "Nah, if there was any kind of dispel happening, nothing would come out... You had that sword when I tried to make fire earlier!?"

She seems a bit miffed at me. She then turns to the ceiling and make a motion upward with her hand. A little bit of fire comes out of her hand, but then a big cloud of steam fills the ceiling! Emerald throws herself on the ground and me and Calla have to lower ourselves from the intensity of it, heat taking over the air.

Lucy: "Raven!"

Marigold: "Calla!"

Once we all determine that everything is fine we get back up onto our feet. The room is now very humid and uncomfortable.

Calla: "Uhf, I'm fine Marigold."

Raven: "Emerald? Are you ok?!"

Emerald: "My magic still doesn't work, but now we know it's not a dispel."

Raven: "... Are you sure? Maybe we're on the edge of the radius?"

Emerald: "That's not how that works."

I guess the sword is not the problem here.

>Also show her the Old Journal and ask if she has any spells to clean up the smudges with out damaging the writing.

I take the journal out.

Raven: "Emerald, do you have any way to clean old books, maybe with some sort of spell, without damaging the writing?"

Emerald: "Kinda. I can use spells with other purposes to do so, but it's touchy work and takes a long time. What is this?"

Raven: "Just a journal I found."

Emerald: "... It's probably just some scientist whining about how scared they are about the portal. All the journals here were like this."
>>
No. 825017 ID: ca0e20
File 150368477210.gif - (535.36KB , 800x600 , 106.gif )
825017

>OH! Get your Crystal Lamp and see if Emerald can charge it up. Maybe if the light is contained in an enchanted vessel it won't be as easily counteracted by the darkness.
>This seems plausible. Something to keep the magic focused and prevent it from going wild.

Oh! I move over to Marigold, out of the cell.

Raven: "Can I get this lamp back?"

Marigold: "Ah! yes! I forgot to return it. Sorry!"

Raven: "It's ok Marigold. I'm happy you kept it safe."

She smiles while handing me the lamp and I return inside the cell and to Emerald.

Raven: "Emerald, do you think you could charge your light magic into this lamp? Maybe focusing the magic in one spot like this will stop it from going wild."

Emerald: "I do like an unorthodox approach. I think you might be onto something..." She thinks for a bit. "Anyone got something to write with, or even engrave?"

I make a mental check of my inventory and what's in the Base room and I come up short. I look to Calla and she gives a subtle shrug.

Raven: "I'm not sure we have anything like that Emerald."

Emerald reaches into her robe.

Emerald: "If I still had my apron I'd have something..."

Raven: "Oh! Just a sec."

I go to the Base Room and grab Emerald's apron to bring it to her. She shoves her hand in a small pocket that the apron apparently had and she takes out some kind of thin chalk looking thing. She then sits on the floor and start doodling on the lamp.

Raven: "What are you-?"

Emerald: "I don't think I can focus any kind of specific energy into something like this. If I do, the crystal will only be charged with vague magic and it'll light up since it's made to do so. I have to... modify it to accept cleansing magic instead."

Raven: "With chalk?"

Emerald: "With a rune, and this isn't regular chalk. It's more permanent."

Calla: "How long will this take?"

Emerald stops and glares at Calla. Then she keeps working on the rune. Calla looks at me with an annoyed look.

Raven: "I'm sure it won't take long?"

Emerald: "Runes are simple if you know how to make them... There."

She holds the lamp in front of her as if to admire her rune. She then puts a hand where she drew the rune and after a couple of seconds, her hand glows in the same light as before. And the lamp startes to glow in the same light!

Emerald: "Hehahah!"

She turns to me and Calla with a smug look.

Raven: "That's great! Let's try it out!"

Calla: "Yes... Let's."

Emerald sneers at Calla as she turns to the fog. She holds the lamp up to it and... The dark fog disperses! And Emerald just walks on through the fog! Uhhh, I hope it safe, I think while the the fog closes behind Emerald!

Me and Calla: "Uhhhhh."

Emerald: "Alright Th- What? Why aren't you following me?!"

Emerald reemerges from the dark fog.

Emerald: "What are you waiting for?!?"

Raven: "I just didn't expect you to go this fast!"

Emerald: "We have to hurry, right?"

Me and Calla move next to Emerald and she leads us through the fog.
>>
No. 825018 ID: ca0e20
File 150368477663.gif - (931.40KB , 800x600 , 107.gif )
825018

The fog closes all around us for a second before opening again before us. Just like Emerald said, there is a door here.

It looks out of place. And I can't see any handles. Maybe you open it by pushing?
>>
No. 825023 ID: 87353e

>>825018
I'd say to ask Emerald for her take on this ominous aperture but she'd probably just say to touch it and find out, so you might as well just try and push it open. Though now that you have the miasma kept at bay with the lamp, maybe Emerald can conjure something to poke at the door to make sure touching it isn't going to zap you into ash or something equally awful.
>>
No. 825046 ID: 3ce125

>>825018
Looks like it splits apart and slides open. Try pulling at the seam?

...wait what if this is the gateway to the demon realm? I'm not sure we should be messing with this without knowing what it is. Plus maybe we should help Rip snap out of it before we try opening the strange door. Get all the party members ready to fight just in case there's something hostile behind it, you know?
>>
No. 825047 ID: 25f1b2

>>825046
Agreed. Let's get Rip and Azalea and see to them before we start throwing open any doors.
>>
No. 825048 ID: ba56e6

>>825018
Should make sure everyone is armed up before you go through. And check whether the lamp still works in proximity to the null sword. I suspect we'll need the sword to destroy whatever's causing this 'place' to exist.
>>
No. 826348 ID: ca0e20
File 150420684311.gif - (577.86KB , 800x600 , 108.gif )
826348

>I'd say to ask Emerald for her take on this ominous aperture but she'd probably just say to touch it and find out

Raven: "... You want to touch it, don't you?"

Emerald: "It's not that I want to touch it, it's just the best way to know what it does!"

>maybe Emerald can conjure something to poke at the door to make sure touching it isn't going to zap you into ash or something equally awful.

Raven: "If you want to try to poke at it, it might be best if you conjure something solid to do so. Just in case it zaps you into ashes or something."

Emerald: "Fine."

Emerald starts to do magic. And I turn to Calla.

>...wait what if this is the gateway to the demon realm? I'm not sure we should be messing with this without knowing what it is.

Raven: "You know, if this doo-"

KRRRRK

Emerald: "WAAAH!"

I turn back around to see an object that looks like an amalgamation of crysalised spike with varying colors fall to the floor and break apart before disappearing.

Emerald: "... I don't know if I'll get used to my magic not working. But I shouldn't HAVE TO!"

Emerald tense up in place and looks to be fighting an urge to do some damage. Finally she sighs, but she still looks grumpy.

Raven: "It's ok Emerald, you'll be able to use magic soon."

Emerald looks a bit annoyed by my statement, I turn back to Calla.

Raven: "... This door could lead anywhere. I'm not sure we're fit to mess with it just yet."

Calla: "What else is there to do?"

> maybe we should help Rip snap out of it before we try opening the strange door. Get all the party members ready to fight just in case there's something hostile behind it, you know?
>Agreed. Let's get Rip and Azalea and see to them before we start throwing open any doors.
>Should make sure everyone is armed up before you go through.

Calla: "... Azalea is still with your friend."

Raven: "Yeah, I think we should get them before we do anything with this door."

Calla: "Alright, let's go back."

The three of us go back to the Base Room with Lucy and Marigold tagging along, both of which are relieved to see us return.
>>
No. 826349 ID: ca0e20
File 150420684942.gif - (576.78KB , 800x600 , 109.gif )
826349

>check whether the lamp still works in proximity to the null sword. I suspect we'll need the sword to destroy whatever's causing this 'place' to exist.

This sword might be very important soon. It's ability to nullify magic could counter a portal made of magic... I bring the lamp over to it and, as expected, the lamp turns off as the gem on the sword glows. I'm not sure if the sword could nullify the dark fog. But I'll have to figure out a way to get the sword past it if it doesn't.
>>
No. 826350 ID: ca0e20
File 150420685397.gif - (641.29KB , 800x600 , 110.gif )
826350

... This room is pretty crowded right now.

Calla: "Alright girls. We found a door that we're not sure where it leads and we've decided that we should continue to regroup. Which means getting Azalea and Raven's friend over here... Aster..."

Aster: "Yep. Can't really do much."

Raven: "... Emerald could heal her... except..."

Everyone looks to us. Emerald could try and heal her, but how will healing magic react in this place? Should we try? What if Aster's leg explode! But if there's a way she could managed to heal Aster's leg, at least, that would be very helpful.
>>
No. 826354 ID: 3ce125

>>826349
>how to get the sword past it
Well, if we had any rope you could just drag it behind you.
OR, we could try to look for Ava and beat her up to get at the sheath, which we could use to turn off the sword. If we catch her alone I think we could manage it. Or Rip could just steal it while invisible, since the magic sword won't be there to disrupt the invisibility. On the other hand I wonder if his invisibility even works here, since Emerald's magic is disrupted...

>>826350
>heal?
Um. Didn't we have some healing potion left? All allies are accounted for now and nobody else needs it. Alternatively, you could experiment on someone. Lucy is pretty tough!
>>
No. 826355 ID: 41c9bc

>>826350
>add quest note: find sheath

Just give her the rest of the healing potion.
>>
No. 826393 ID: 87353e

>>826350
>Healing Spell
Maybe we can still use magic, perhaps we need to think outside the box like we did with the lamp?
It seems like any directly conjured spell work or mana-constructs that comes into contact with the haze becomes destabilized. But magical items, runic magic like the ceiling lights and the modified lamp seem to work if only slightly diminished.

Could Emerald heal with rune magic through a focus to bypass contact with the fog? Or see if setting up purifying wards with a magic circle clears up this room enough to cast sells directly?

>Potion
Show Emerald the half full potion, If she had her cauldron and some materials could we add this potion to something to squeeze out a few more doses without too much of its potency lost in the process?
Perhaps a healing soup made from scrounged Veggies, Magic plants and the (mystically???) Pure Water left in our canteen?
>>
No. 826415 ID: 91ee5f

>>826350
>crowded
Be very careful with that sword! Don't want to accidentally cut and poison someone!

>sword
Why is it still glowing? Is it currently trying to cancel something we don't know about?

>>826354
>Lucy is pretty tough!
Can we not experiment on each other? Lucy wouldn't like us volunteering her for something!

How about Raven offer herself instead? One of the bees probably has a knife we can use to give our finger a little cut.
>>
No. 826419 ID: 41c9bc

>>826415
It's suppressing the lamp still.
>>
No. 827242 ID: 15a025

Use the healing potion, but before we do. We should have Emerald look at it, and see if she can't use her cauldron to whip us up some more of it?
>>
No. 827362 ID: b21e66

How about testing the healing magic on a wilted flower in the garden room? if the flower recovers then the healing magic is good to go, if not then Aster should take the potion. the more mobile and capable people the better.
>>
No. 827443 ID: ba56e6

>>827362
Not a horrible idea.
>>
No. 830134 ID: ca0e20
File 150523820199.gif - (436.55KB , 800x600 , 111.gif )
830134

>Be very careful with that sword! Don't want to accidentally cut and poison someone!

I know! Wait... I take a closer look at the sword and... the poison is gone, along with Jik... I don't know if his poison would have taken effect on anyone, but I don't think it will anymore. This is just plain ol' regular sword now... that cancels magic.

Any instance the poison was still on the sword since was surely an illusion!

>we could try to look for Ava and beat her up to get at the sheath, which we could use to turn off the sword. If we catch her alone I think we could manage it.

That still sounds easier said than done. But we could try after we get Rip and Azalea.

>Could Emerald heal with rune magic through a focus to bypass contact with the fog? Or see if setting up purifying wards with a magic circle clears up this room enough to cast sells directly?

Raven: "Emerald, is there a way to use rune magic to heal Aster? Maybe even use purifying wards to be able to cast the spell directly?"

Emerald takes the lamp from my hand and walk away until the lamp turns on again. She then makes a crystal, though smaller than last time, that falls to the floor and break apart. She returns to me.

Emerald: "Nope. Whatever's messing with my magic is beyond what that goopy fog was capable of. Goopy fog is more tangible than pure magic, which is why cleansing magic worked on it."

Raven: "What about Healing Runes?"

Emerald: "Clothes needs to be prepare in a specific way to accept a rune without burning. I woulnd't recommend carving a rune into flesh... Unless you want an horrific show featuring your enemies! We could do that to that other Mage!"

Raven: "No, Emerald."

Emerald's expression of glee just turns back to her current annoyed state. But she says nothing more.

>Um. Didn't we have some healing potion left?
>Just give her the rest of the healing potion.

...

Whoops, I forgot there was potion left! Good job, me!

Raven: "I just remembered I still have potion left. I think it's safe to say that she's the one that needs it the most right now?"

Calla: "She should be. Azalea's hurt, but not enough to be incapacitated."

>Show Emerald the half full potion, If she had her cauldron and some materials could we add this potion to something to squeeze out a few more doses without too much of its potency lost in the process? Perhaps a healing soup made from scrounged Veggies, Magic plants and the (mystically???) Pure Water left in our canteen?
>We should have Emerald look at it, and see if she can't use her cauldron to whip us up some more of it?

Raven: "Altough... Emerald, do you think you could do anything with what's left of this potion? Either make more or make a Healing soup out of it? I have a bit of water from the source under Lucy's Mountain and I gathered some vegetable in that drawer earlier."

Calla: "Are you sure we should do this? Doing this might not heal Aster's broken leg."

Emerald: "Uugh! She's... has a point. If I make a soup out of the potion, it could make people that eats it feels better. Mainly feeling less tired and with all their minor cuts healed, but the broken leg would only be healed a little bit. It would guarentee a healtier healing process, but if you want her on her feet ASAP, it's better if you give her what's left. Also, I could make a rune to heat it up, but I don't have my cauldron."

Aster: "There's a bucket."

...

Everyone kinda looks at each other, unsure if we're desperate enough for that.

Should we make bucket healing soup to ameliorate everyone a little bit? or just get Aster back on her feet?
>>
No. 830136 ID: 3ce125

>>830134
In a dangerous situation, Aster having a broken leg would be more of a problem than everyone being a little hurt. Let's just have her drink the potion directly.
>>
No. 830138 ID: 41c9bc

>>830134
Get Aster on her feet.
>>
No. 830149 ID: 91ee5f

>>830134
>But we could try after we get Rip and Azalea.
You're right, let's get regroup with everyone first.

>Potion or soup.
You have no idea where that bucket has been, what it was used for, or if it's even clean! That might effect the soup and make everyone feel worse!

So let's just give Aster the potion since she needs it.
>>
No. 830172 ID: ec5ca0

>>830134
Give it to her, and lets get those two.
>>
No. 830200 ID: 87353e

>>830134
Give Aster the rest of the potion and lets go find Rip and Azalea, hold onto the empty bottle to reuse later though.

While we head there ask Emerald if she had any useful items we should be on the look out to recover in the ruins. Either supplies, special items we might need to close the portal or tools & equipment she could use in place of her spells, like throwable alchemy stuff.
>>
No. 830482 ID: 8525ba

Yo birdie, you could make people sick with that bucket so just give aster the potion and pray rip doesnt need it when you find him
>>
No. 830942 ID: 15a025

Yeah, I'm not so sure about how clean that bucket is. Let's just use the potion and get her on her feet.
>>
No. 835384 ID: ca0e20
File 150757547632.gif - (425.10KB , 800x600 , 112.gif )
835384

>Let's just have [Aster] drink the potion directly.
>Get Aster on her feet.
>You have no idea where that bucket has been, what it was used for, or if it's even clean! [...] So let's just give Aster the potion since she needs it.
>Give it to her, and lets get those two.
>Give Aster the rest of the potion and lets go find Rip and Azalea, hold onto the empty bottle to reuse later though.
>Yo birdie, you could make people sick with that bucket so just give aster the potion and pray rip doesnt need it when you find him
>Yeah, I'm not so sure about how clean that bucket is. Let's just use the potion and get her on her feet.

I wasn't saying the bucket idea was good!

Raven: "... Naaaaahhh, Let's just heal Aster with the potion, get her on her feet."

I hand the potion to Calla who brings it to Aster. One gulp and some seconds later, Aster starts wiggling her feet and hand, signifying that they are not broken anymore. While she gets rid of her makeshift brace and whatnot, I ask for the empty bottle. Calla hands it back to me.

Inventory: Canteen of Pure Water (1 gulp), Old Journal, Empty Potion Bottle
On Hand: Ava's Sword

Emerald is currently holding the Purifying Lamp.
>>
No. 835385 ID: ca0e20
File 150757548166.gif - (653.52KB , 800x600 , 113.gif )
835385

Everyone is now up and ready to go. The bees only have one sword, while I have Ava's. Lucy has her axe and Emerald can't really use her magic properly. I turn to Lucy and Emerald.

Raven: "You guys want to come find Rip and Azalea?"

Emerald: "If the alternative is sitting around, then yeah, I'd rather not sit around."

Lucy: "I do want to help and Rip needs help right now. Azalea seemed nice too."

I turn to Calla who just finished consulting with her bees.

Calla: "We only have one sword and getting Azalea and your friend back shouldn't take too long. So I'll go with you while the rest of the squad will try and hold down this base. We can put up a fight with no weapons."

I note that Calla is unharmed and Aster is the one holding the sword. With our group having Ava's sword and Lucy's Axe, it makes sense for the base group to have the Bee sword.
>>
No. 835386 ID: ca0e20
File 150757548484.gif - (222.29KB , 800x600 , 114.gif )
835386

Calla, Lucy, Emerald and I make our way to the hallway.

>While we head there ask Emerald if she had any useful items we should be on the look out to recover in the ruins. [+Dialogue]

Raven: "Emerald, do you know if there are any useful items we should keep an eye out for? Supplies, special items we might need to close the portal or tools & equipment you could use in place of your spells. Like throwable alchemy stuff?"

Emerald: "I know of some things but I sure hope you don't want me to list it all. If we come across somewhere with something useful, I'll get it."

Raven: "Alright then."

Once we stand in front of the closed door, I focus on Rip. Those eyes... Also, I wonder what was up with him in the hallway when Ava found us...

I open the door.
>>
No. 835387 ID: ca0e20
File 150757551346.gif - (655.29KB , 800x600 , 115.gif )
835387

... A hallway!
>>
No. 835393 ID: 41c9bc

>>835387
Somebody's been here already. Tread carefully. Let Calla take point and scout the rooms from the hallway, she's quicker and quieter. The rest of you follow behind and do a more in-depth search once she's confirmed no obvious dangers.
>>
No. 835395 ID: 3ce125

>>835387
Looks like someone else had the same idea as you. Secure a hallway by opening all the doors except one. Carefully scout out that glowy shit.
>>
No. 835447 ID: 87353e

>>835393
Do this.

As you secure each of the mundane rooms ask if Emerald can use her chalk to mark visited rooms.
If possible have her put them in spots visible from the doorway but higher up on the walls where you wouldn't notice them right away if you didn't know to check.
You or Lucy can give her a boost up to place the markings, but if there is another doorway in the room have Lucy guard the way you came in while Calla scouts the next room.

Check out the Dark Purple Room then the Glowing Room after you secure the other rooms first.
>>
No. 835861 ID: ca0e20
File 150774742976.gif - (412.70KB , 800x600 , 116.gif )
835861

>Let Calla take point and scout the rooms from the hallway, she's quicker and quieter. The rest of you follow behind and do a more in-depth search once she's confirmed no obvious dangers.
>As you secure each of the mundane rooms ask if Emerald can use her chalk to mark visited rooms. [...]

Raven: "... Someone's been using the same method as I did with the hallway!"

Calla: "Someone? Who else but Ava?"

Raven: "Rip and Azalea? I was focusing on Rip when I opened the door."

Calla: "Mmph."

Raven: "Either way, we should keep quiet for now. Calla, you should be able to scout this place silently, right? We'll follow you from a distance and search the other rooms when you determined they are clear."

Calla nods and start sneaking over to the first door. After she peaks in, she makes a sign for us to walk over and continues to the next door. There's only a door on one side here, to the left. We check it and it's just a bathroom.

Raven: "Emerald, You have your chalk? I want you to mark rooms that we checked."

Emerald: "This is special chalk! You can't just waste it all willy-nilly!"

Raven: "SSHHHHHhhhh... We're trying to be quiet!"

Emerald: "..."

Raven: "It's not gonna be a big mark."

Emerald takes the chalk out.

Emerald: "*sigh* What do you want to do with it."

Raven: "Me or Lucy can boost you and you have to put a mark high enough for it to only be apparent if you look for it from the doorway here."

Emerald: "Come on, Lucy!"

Emerald enters the bathroom. Lucy hesitates a bit but glancing over to me, she enter to boost Emerald up. After scribbling something near the ceiling of the far wall, both of them comes back. Emerald drew a little flower.
>>
No. 835862 ID: ca0e20
File 150774743342.gif - (390.37KB , 800x600 , 117.gif )
835862

I look over to Calla and she makes a sign to say that we can approach, before moving on to the next rooms. The room on the left is the one that seems bright. Looking in it, it turns out to be the first floor of Emerald's Tower... I wonder how that Beetle is doing... The stairs leading up seems to be completely covered for some reason. I'm not sure where to put the mark in this room since the room is relatively big and a small marks might be hard to spot.

Raven: "Think you can make Emerald reach the ceiling, Lucy?"

Lucy: "If the witch has balance."

Emerald: "What."

Raven: "It's ok, Emerald. Mark it over there."

I point to a spot and the 2 of them begins to put a mark there while I check the next room. This room seems to have a couple of shelves. Assortments of doodads and spoiled dry plant bits are strewn about. Once Emerald and Lucy joins me, Emerald barges in!

Emerald: "Aww, what?! Who did this!? Look at this mess! They just took everything!"

She gets into the room and starts looking around the shelves looking around for something but not really finding anything. At least she's kinda being quiet about it.

Emerald: "Unbelievable. They even destroyed what they didn't take. Everything is wasted!"

Raven: "What is this room?"

Emerald: "It's where I put tools and alchemy ingredients that were ready!"

Raven: "And nothing is usable?"

Emerald: "Not finding anything, no!"

Raven: "Sorry to hear it. Once you're done looking, you should have Lucy help you mark the room."
>>
No. 835863 ID: ca0e20
File 150774744056.gif - (492.38KB , 800x600 , 118.gif )
835863

Like the previous time, Calla gestures that we can move forward and I move to the next set of doors to look into. The room on the left is the room that seemed more purple. It turns out to just be the prison in Lucy's Mountain. Walking over to the trap door, it's looking like the bars of the trap door isn't enough to change the rooms here and I can see the pillows in the prison below.

The room on the right is... Well, it sure look like some sort of torture room. I can't help but to stop from entering it to give me a moment to register that this room is here. Once Emerald and Lucy joins me, Emerald waltz on in before me. However Lucy stops in her track in the threshold. Instead or entering, she moves to the side and leans on the door, holding her mouth.

Raven: "L-Lucy?"

Lucy: "I don't want to go in there."

She says this even quieter than usual.

Raven: "It's ok... You don't have to."

As I tell her this, I see Calla past her shoulder who is frantically gesturing at us. I glance over my shoulder to see if there's anything. That seems to make her gesture a more obvious as a hurried beckoning gesture. I whisper in to the torture room for Emerald before silently hurrying over to Calla.
>>
No. 835864 ID: ca0e20
File 150774744429.gif - (390.78KB , 800x600 , 119.gif )
835864

Once I'm next to her, she holds her arm out without looking at me to indicate that I should be careful peeking in the room. I slowly look. The room to the right at the end of this hallway leads to another room like our Base Room with the bed and lamp and etc. But the door at the other end of that room is open and Ava is standing in the doorway looking in. Scuffles and... magic? can be heard from that room. I hear voices and I think Rip and Azalea are among them!
>>
No. 835866 ID: 3ce125

>>835864
Get Lucy over here. We'll ambush Ava, take her down, then use the antimagic sword to disable their mage.
>>
No. 835880 ID: 91ee5f

>>835864
Raven, take that little dangly thing off of your hat and give your hat to Calla. Since she's the quietest, she can sneak up behind Ava and pull the hat over Ava's face and then yank her backwards!

That's when Lucy can rush in and help Calla hold Ava down!

Then Raven can rush into that room with the sword and that'll put a stop to Ophi's magic!
>>
No. 835900 ID: 994f87

>>835863
Is that some kind of ghost in the room?
>>
No. 835907 ID: 91ee5f

>>835900
No, that's something you strap someone onto and then torture them. Because, you know, it's in a torture room.
>>
No. 835912 ID: 41c9bc

>>835863
> It turns out to just be the prison in Lucy's Mountain. Walking over to the trap door, it's looking like the bars of the trap door isn't enough to change the rooms here and I can see the pillows in the prison below.
That's where we left Rufa. She's back in play.
>White figure in the room
That's Ava.
>Magic
That's Ophi.

If Ava finishes off Rip, things could be FUBAR. Motion to Calla to move up with you. Signal her to go high, while you go low.
The sound of combat will alert Lucy and Emerald. Don't risk trying to signal them before you go in, Emerald is too loud. You'll lose the element of surprise.

Ava is watching Ophi try magic, but it's probably not working right, like Emerald's. When you get close the sword will stop the magic, which will tip Ava off. That means sneaking closer is riskier than a good blitzkrieg. You'd give her more time to react before you're in range.

Go for her legs. Keep a strong grip on the sword. She's got good reflexes, if she tries to grab the sword in her talons, position yourself so that Calla can leapfrog over you and knock her off balance while she has that leg occupied. If she doesn't grab the sword, go for the tendons at the backs of her legs. Non-lethal, but crippling. No coming back from that without magic, which means she'll be out of commission while we're here.

Once Ava is down and the entranceway is clear, you can't stop and give them time to react. That moment of hesitation is when a blitzkrieg dies. If Rufa is there she'll use Rip or Azalea as a hostage once she wraps her head around what's happening. Close in fast, keep her threatened, take her out if you can. Hopefully she's still numb and dulled from the paralytics.

If Rufa isn't there, lockdown Ophi, keep her from trying something stupid. Ophi isn't our top priority without her magic, but as a hostage she might give Basant pause.

If Basant is there, keep out of his range. We'll need Lucy for him. As mentioned above, Ophi as a hostage is probably your best bet at giving him pause, but Rufa takes priority. She's a wild card, too ruthless to ignore.
>>
No. 835919 ID: 3ce125

>>835912
Pretty sure we left Rufa in the plant room, which hasn't been rediscovered yet.
>>
No. 835922 ID: 91ee5f

>>835912
>That's where we left Rufa.
Actually, we left her with Rip and Azalea and told them to keep her paralyzed while taking her to that room. We don't know for sure if they even made it there before Ava activated the portal.

And even if they did make it there, when the portal was activated, everyone was shuffled around to different rooms, so Rufa wouldn't have been in there anyways.
>>
No. 835924 ID: 41c9bc

>>835919
Checked, and you're right. I'm not sure why I thought Rufa was there, maybe had something to do with a discarded plan along the way.

If Rufa's not there, good for us. Should still take her potential presence into account though. If Ava's figured out how to move around here she could have retrieved her already simply by wanting to go where Rufa is. And given her attitude towards Rufa, I suspect that was one of her first priorities.
>>
No. 835929 ID: 87353e

>>835864
Magic huh? Maybe Ophi has reworked her spell-crafting to account for the disrupting variables or perhaps they are using Emeralds prepped alchemy goods.
Check with Emerald what readily made alchemy items they took or what would have been easily be made from the reagents to get a heads up on what to expect.
Ask if she could super charge the Crystal Lamp to emit a super-bright blinding flash or resonate with a loud ringing to deafen with out shattering it.
Wait, could she focus light through the crystal into a laser beam to start a fire? If so you could set Ava's tail feathers on fire while she just stands there unassuming.

Whatever you end up going with make sure everyone knows to either cover their eyes or has something to stop up their ears.
You and Calla should take point to deal with Ava while Lucy and Emerald hold the doorway and either blind or deafen everyone in the inner room. Make sure Ava doesn't slam the door shut and pull a switcheroo the entire room on you guys.

>>835900
It looks like one of those person shaped racks that holds the prisoner with their limbs spread.
>>
No. 836550 ID: a3d6d3

>>835864
oh sheeznits, they are all there! OK the biggest threat is Ava. she needs to go down but i get the feeling stealth wont work here. Got anything you can throw at her? Also be extra careful not to re-unite Ava with her sword.
>>
No. 836726 ID: 15a025

Did Ava lose her hat again?
>>
No. 836930 ID: c9d5aa

>>836726
Lol it looks like it!
>>
No. 836936 ID: c31aac

>>835864
just run up and punch her in the head while her back's turned, there's like three of us in this room alone and one of them has a giant fuck-off axe
>>
No. 843798 ID: ca0e20
File 151024725496.gif - (565.04KB , 800x600 , 120.gif )
843798

>We'll ambush Ava, take her down, then use the antimagic sword to disable their mage.
>Raven, take that little dangly thing off of your hat and give your hat to Calla. Since she's the quietest, she can sneak up behind Ava and pull the hat over Ava's face and then yank her backwards!
>Motion to Calla to move up with you. Signal her to go high, while you go low. [...]sneaking closer is riskier than a good blitzkrieg. Go for her legs. Keep a strong grip on the sword.
>Make sure Ava doesn't slam the door shut and pull a switcheroo the entire room on you guys.


Quickly, I take my hat off and remove the ball-less bell off my hat - I had to cut it off with my sword. I give the hat to Calla and motion for her to go high and I'll go low. I then grab her by the shoulder and rush in first while trying to lead Calla to follow me quick. I still try to be as quiet as possible, but Ava turns her head around as we're running at her anyway. Drat! As expected, she reaches for the door handle. She's also holding some kind of sharp tool. I jump at her legs anyway with the sword at the ready. I only manage to grab one of her ankles as she lifts the other talon out of the way and immediately clamps it around my face. Things get a bit disoriented at this point. Trying to cut anything precisely on Ava feels impossible as I tried to wield a sword to cut things near my face and arms. Best I think I can manage is add extra small cuts to Ava's ankles, but I don't think I manage to do any real damage. My attempt are interrupted as Ava seems to be moved over me. She lets go of my face, albeit with some claw scrape around my face. Ow.
>>
No. 843799 ID: ca0e20
File 151024726259.gif - (849.10KB , 800x600 , 121.gif )
843799

As I start to get up, I see that Calla seems to have a handle on Ava. With her many arms, she's not only holding Ava's arms behind her back, but also is keeping the purple hat over Ava's head. Calla is also holding the sharp tool that Ava was holding.

Once on my feet, I turn to face the room Ava was guarding. Suddenly I feel a grasps around my neck as I am now face to face with Rufa!
>>
No. 843800 ID: ca0e20
File 151024726896.gif - (278.73KB , 800x600 , 122.gif )
843800

Raven: "URRKH-"
>>
No. 843801 ID: ca0e20
File 151024727273.gif - (608.97KB , 800x600 , 123.gif )
843801

Rufa pushes me away from her as a fall on my back.

Lucy: "RAVEN!"

Calla: "RUFA!"

Ava: "SHUT THE DOOR! GET TO THE PORTAL!"

I hear hooves behind me approach as I hear a door slam shut. I think I black out but only for seconds? Lucy is over me looking worried. The numbness in my stomach starts to subside as pain sets in. I put my hand on the spot and it feels wet.

Yep. Rufa stabbed me.

Calla: "You! Can you help her?"

Lucy: "I... I don't-"

Calla: "Come here and hold Ava then. Hurry!"

I hear feet and hooves scuffle and now Calla is over me.

Calla: "How are you feeling?!"

I blink a couple of times.

Raven: "It hurts." I groan out.

Calla: "That's normal."

Calla start applying pressure to my stab wound.

>>
No. 843802 ID: ca0e20
File 151024727974.gif - (728.10KB , 800x600 , 124.gif )
843802

After some minutes, Calla finishes taking care of me and my wound is now dressed with parts of my yellow cape. I don't feel great, but I think I'll be able to walk once I take a short rest. Though I won't be able to do anything strenuous.

I look over to Ava. Seems like they used the extra yellow fabric to tie the purple hat on her head and her hands behind her back. Lucy keeps watch over her.

I look over to the door Ava was guarding. With Rufa having closed it, her and Ophi escaped with Rip and Azalea. Their next stop being the Portal.
>>
No. 843805 ID: 41c9bc

Overall, not the worst it could have gone down. Some injuries on our side, but we captured their leader.

Ava's probably not very good as a hostage. She'd order them to fulfill the mission over saving her. At the same time, I know you're not down for killing prisoners. I say, leave her fate to Calla to decide.
...Was that venom still on the sword when you cut her? She might just die of poison anyways since you drew blood.

As for the door, we should be able to follow the same way we did before. Focus on Rip when you open it. Though somebody else should take the frontline for now.

Pass Ava's sword to Calla.
>>
No. 843822 ID: 52b57e

>>843805
This one has the right of it. Calm down, get yourself centered again. Focus your mindset. Time to look for the lizard. Get up there to get the door open, and then leave the front line stuff to someone else. Oh, and remember to take that sword sheath. If it's around.
>>
No. 843827 ID: 3ce125

Since you captured Ava, you have the sheath. You can turn off the sword now if you want. Also you can put it in there just for safety's sake considering the venom.

Anyway, they won't complete the ritual without Ava. Let's head to the mystery door instead.
>>
No. 843842 ID: 91ee5f

>>843805
>>843827
>Venom on sword.
We were told here: >>830134 , that the venom isn't on the sword anymore.
>>
No. 843850 ID: 4324ce

>>843842
Still would be a good idea to sheathe the sword, though. Don't want that magic cancelling to just happen all willy-nilly.
>>
No. 843857 ID: 87353e

>>843802
We need to catch up with Ophi or get to the portal room first, but the thing is just like us, Ava's group has also been building a route through the ruins by leaving a trail of open doors.
With so many open doors potentially in play, trying to pursue them by homing in on Rip might only get us as far with a door they just closed putting us back their trail but still lagging behind and open to an ambush while trying to chase after.
So I guess the question is has Ava's Team already found the door to the Portal Room and left the route to it clear or did we find it with the big spooky Mystery Door.?
Calla seems to know Ava the best, she might be able to put Ava to the question to wring out some info about their progress in exploring the ruins and tell if she is lying or bluffing.

Which ever we pick, we should regroup with Aster, Marigold, and Poppy. With your injury you're gonna have to hang back and their assistance will be invaluable whether it be more heads to help narrow down the route to the portal room or help out in a fight.
>>
No. 843871 ID: 41c9bc

>>843842
My bad. Tried cntrl+f and couldn't find it.
>>
No. 844410 ID: 15a025

Give yourself a second to re-collect yourself.

Then it's time for planning. We might want to send someone back to get the rest of our group and try to find the portal room. With how the doors here work, it might take a bit to find the portal room. We could try and get two teams to search around playing musical doors to find it, or we could play it safe and stick as a group testing doors all together?
>>
No. 845029 ID: b66d4e

jeez right after using the healing poion too. aside from Rufa, Ava is not only dangerous but cunning and deceptive. I say leave her fate to the Bees.
>>
No. 846802 ID: ca0e20
File 151129457822.gif - (380.01KB , 800x600 , 125.gif )
846802

>Calm down, get yourself centered again. Focus your mindset.

I take a sigh.

I start to get up. The pain makes my body stiff and I struggle a bit.

Calla: "Raven, you just got stabbed."

Raven: "I know. It hurts."

I'm on my feet now.

>Oh, and remember to take that sword sheath. If it's around.
>Since you captured Ava, you have the sheath. You can turn off the sword now if you want.
>would be a good idea to sheathe the sword

I walk over to Ava and lower myself to get her sheath. More pain shoots from my stomach. I start undoing the sheath from Ava. She turns her head a bit in my direction but doesn't say anything. Once I have it, I stand back up and sheaths Ava's magic cancelling sword into it. This should negate it's effect now.

>Pass Ava's sword to Calla.

My subconscious wants to be more careful with the sword as if it was still covered in venom, but I remember to myself that the venom is gone, along with the snakes.

I turn to Calla. My gaze stops for a second on her injured leg. She's still more fit to fight than I am. I hand her the sword.

Raven: "I'm pretty rough right now..."

For a moment, she just looks at the sword. Slowly, she brings her hand to it and grabs it. After I let go, she brings the sword over closer to her face. She unsheathes it about 2 inches. She inspects the gem that is part of the blade.

Calla: "Hmpf."

She re-sheathes the sword and returns herself to ease.
>>
No. 846803 ID: ca0e20
File 151129458219.gif - (387.97KB , 800x600 , 126.gif )
846803

>leave [Ava's] fate to Calla to decide.

Raven: "I don't know what to do with her. It's up to you I think."

Calla: "... I think there are a lot of people that would love to see her if me and my sisters can take her out of this desert. Assuming we turn everything back to normal. They'll be better suited to give her what she deserves."

I think I hear Ava chuckle, but I'm not sure.

>As for the door, we should be able to follow the same way we did before. Focus on Rip when you open it. Though somebody else should take the frontline for now.
>Time to look for the lizard. Get up there to get the door open, and then leave the front line stuff to someone else.

Raven: "Alright, enough waste of time."

I walk over to the door that was closed earlier. I focus on Rip and then open the door.

...!

A shroud blocks the door! I also can hear noises that sounds like unnatural whispers. The same ones I heard through the door before, except clearer now!

I close the door. I focus on Rip again, but I take some extra seconds this time, I really think about him. He was hiding in pillows the first time I met him in the prison. Then the second time we met, he was hanging upside down. He startled me a couple of times with his ability to turn invisible.

I open the door... only to reveal the same shroud.

Emerald: "Where did everyone go?!"

I turn. It came from the hallway.

Raven: "Calla, can you get her?" She starts to move to the hallways "She might be better suited to know what is going on here!"


Emerald is here now. She's looking at the shroud intently.

Emerald: "Mmmm. Don't touch it."

Raven: "You're the one that touches everything!"

Emerald: "Yeah, well. I know we shouldn't touch this one because I touched the other one. The other one was fog compared to this. This is more like... dense jelly. If the other one wriggling around my hand, this one might try to engulf whoever touches it."

Raven: "Ok. Well do you know why it's like this? It should have opened to Rip and it opened to this instead."

Emerald: "I don't know."

Ava: "I know."
>>
No. 846804 ID: ca0e20
File 151129458795.gif - (0.99MB , 800x600 , 127.gif )
846804

... We turn to Ava. But she stays silent.

Raven: "You're not gonna tell us then?"

Ava: "I can't see you. I don't know if you want to know if you don't say so."

Raven: "... Ok, Ava. Why is the door not working?"

Ava: "Because he doesn't want you to find the lizard. He wants us to succeed."

Raven: "What? Who?"

She doesn't answer.

Calla: "You should answer Ava!"

Raven: "It's fine Calla. We can question her later. We should move."
>>
No. 846805 ID: ca0e20
File 151129459255.gif - (520.39KB , 800x600 , 128.gif )
846805

>Anyway, they won't complete the ritual without Ava. Let's head to the mystery door instead.
>Calla seems to know Ava the best, she might be able to put Ava to the question to wring out some info about their progress in exploring the ruins and tell if she is lying or bluffing.
>we should regroup with Aster, Marigold, and Poppy.

We return to the Base room with the rest. Ava is now here to crowd the room even more. Lucy decides to stay in the hallway for now, to which Marigold and Aster decide to join her. Poppy stays with Calla and seems to just want to squint at Ava. Emerald let's out a bored "ugh".

We can check the Mystery Door. I do suspect that it may lead to the portal room. Though that is more of a guess.
But I also should decide what we do with Ava. Calla has already started to ask her questions. But so far, Ava has been keeping quiet.
>>
No. 846849 ID: 87353e

>>846805
>what do with Ava
You should have her searched for any hidden items and then have someone tie up her feet and then wrap her up in a bed sheet cocoon like you did with Emerald. After that then I guess decide if you want to leave her locked up alone or take volunteers to stay behind to guard her if anyone doesn't want to enter the spooky Mystery Door.

>Emerald let's out a bored "ugh".
Hey, Don't be so down Emerald! After a rest we are going to go through that big creepy door and probably experience a multitude of untold mysteries and cosmic horrors, that'll be fun for you right? But until then perhaps you can help come up with a few ways to give Ava something to think about other then escaping, I'm sure one of the Bee's would be happy to accompany you to the flower room where numbing buds and the smelly sickening tendrils could be put to good use.

>Because he doesn't want you to find the lizard. He wants us to succeed
Ava's probably talking about the thing watching from beyond the portal. How does she know its a "He"? Has she felt its gaze on her? Has it been whispering to her and for how long? Emerald has also been here the longest you could also ask her too if she's felt it watching or if its tried to commune at all with her. Either way you can tell Ava that while it may want to succeed, it ultimately failed before and that means it can fail again. It knows this and is afraid, that's why it's reacting to prevent our intervention.

>other stuff
Talk with the others to come up with a loose plan of ideas for what to do if we end up in the portal room, a brief run down from Emerald on how to power down the portal would be a good starter and maybe balanced teams if you need to split up into separate groups.
>>
No. 846885 ID: 9e82bd

>>846805
Skin Ava and wear her face and clothes as a disguise.
>>
No. 846890 ID: 91ee5f

>>846849
>you can tell Ava that while it may want her to succeed, it ultimately failed before and that means it can fail again. It knows this and is afraid, that's why it's reacting to prevent our intervention.
Yes, say this to her!
>>
No. 847065 ID: 9e82bd

>>846805
On a more serious note, there's not a lot of time to waste, and I wouldn't trust much of anything Ava gives you. If you try to interrogate her she'll either misdirect or stall you.

Double check her thoroughly for hidden weapons, then head for the mystery door. If Poppy is uninjured, she might be a better candidate for The Sword. Ask her and Calla on the way which one would be better. The other can take the one ninja sword we have.
>>
No. 847069 ID: 9e82bd

>>847065
Also, some of the furniture can be used to make some improvised weapons for anyone unarmed. Having Lucy bust off the legs of the beds to use as bludgeons, maybe.
>>
No. 847077 ID: 87353e

>>847065
After thinking about it, Ava has proven to be an overly serious and stoic person who is resilient to conventional tactics and most likely also trained her self to resist normal interrogation.
But if she has shown to be caught off guard by our unconventional (if not bumbling) strategies and so in that spirit of that if we wish to pursue interrogation, Raven can offer up one of her feathers to be used for tickle torture on Ava until the point at which she gives in to our demands or it proves futile.
>>
No. 849417 ID: 15a025

>"Because he doesn't want you to find the lizard. He wants us to succeed."

Sounds like a king or god of the demons maybe? Ask Emerald if she knows about any demon gods or kings?
>>
No. 849775 ID: ca0e20
File 151241923639.gif - (610.81KB , 800x600 , 129.gif )
849775

>flower room

I'm not sure if I can find the Flower Room anymore since we can only find the rooms people are in.

>tickle torture on [a tied up] Ava

I'm having a hard time believing this is for interrogation purposes...

>Emerald has also been here the longest you could also ask her too if she's felt it watching or if its tried to commune at all with her.

Raven: "Emerald, did the portal entity ever tried to commune with you? Maybe you felt it watch you?"

Emerald: "I told you before that the portal emenates dark energy. Could be that." She shrugs.

>Either way you can tell Ava that while it may want to succeed, it ultimately failed before and that means it can fail again. It knows this and is afraid, that's why it's reacting to prevent our intervention.
>Yes, say this to her!

Raven: "You know Ava, whoever He is, while it may want to succeed, it ultimately failed before and that means it can fail again. It knows this and is afraid, that's why it's reacting to prevent our intervention."

She chuckles again, this time more audibly.

Ava: "Of course he can fail. There's no real success without the chance of failure. But we know we have a good chance to succeed..."


>Also, some of the furniture can be used to make some improvised weapons for anyone unarmed
>You should have [Ava] searched for any hidden items
>Double check her thoroughly for hidden weapons

I call Lucy over to help and make improvised weapon. Using her axe, we make 2 wooden sticks from the broom and mop. Not strong, but can still be used against someone not wielding a sword. Cutting off the base of the lamp yields a light metal stick. Hits harder than wood, but still weak. I have Lucy cut one end in diagonal to at least make it a bit more stab-y. Looking in the other rooms I find another lamp so now we have a second metal stick and a normal uncharged lamp! We also find other furniture that allows for bigger pieces of wood. We cut them in a shape that would be good to hit a ball for some kind of sport, though I think it might work better if they were rounded. These are block-y.

Current Inventory: Canteen of Pure Water (1 gulp), Old Journal, Empty Potion Bottle
Available Weapons: Ava's Sword (Calla), 1 Bee Sword (Aster), Lucy's Axe (Lucy) Sharp Tool (Ava was weilding when we captured her), 2 Metal Rods, 2 Wooden Blocks
Available Items:Purifying Lamp (Emerald), 2 Wooden Sticks, Tasty Seeds, 6 Tomatoes left, 8 Potatoes, 6 Onions, 5 Carrots, 4 Cabbages and 18 Pea pods, Trowel, Mini-rake, 3 Bags of Dirt


>Talk with the others to come up with a loose plan of ideas for what to do if we end up in the portal room, a brief run down from Emerald on how to power down the portal would be a good starter and maybe balanced teams if you need to split up into separate groups

I get Calla, Emerald and Lucy together to talk strategies. Poppy keeps watch over Ava. She also possesses Ava's sword, now.

Raven: "Alright, I think we should come up with some loose plan of ideas if we end up in the portal room after using the Mysterious Door. Emerald, Do you know how to power down the portal?"

Emerald: "... *sigh* In it's current state, it will power down on it's own. Feeding blood to it only temporarily powers it and the ritual has to be done in that time frame. Which is why using blood of a sentient being is better, it keeps the door open longer."

Raven: "Know of any way to destroy the portal?"

Emerald: "..."

Raven: "Emerald."

Emerald: "I know! Ok?! Ughh!"

Calla: "... What is going one here?"

Raven: "Emerald..."

Emerald: "I didn't have time to think about it!"

Calla: "Think about what?"
>>
No. 849795 ID: 9e82bd

>>849775
"Emerald was here before Ava. She was working on opening the portal herself to get back at some people that hurt her. I've offered to help her deal with them another way - dealing with demons is too risky."

Suggested Loadout:
Calla - Metal Rod x2
Poppy - Ava's Sword and Mini-Rake (might be usable to catch an opponent's weapon and push it aside, like a parrying dagger)
Marigold - Wooden Stick x2 (non-lethal weapons since she's a softy, less likely to hesitate to use it)
Aster - Bee Sword, Uncharged Lamp (might be good as a bludgeon or to block)
Azalea - Wooden Block
Lucy - Lucy's Axe
Emerald - Wooden Block, Purifying Lamp
Raven - Ava's Shiv (a light weapon is less likely to tear open her wound from the strain)

Have everybody take a handful of dirt from the bags of dirt and pocket it or palm it (Pocket Sand).
>>
No. 849915 ID: 87353e

Apologies in advance for the bulk post.

>>849795
I like this loadout. Using the gardening tools as improvised weapons for the Bees is a great idea since a lot of martial weapons were originally derived from farming tools and they may be familiar with similar implements.

My only changes would be
Aster - Bee Sword, Trowel or Wooden Block as a cudgel (since Azalea isn't here)
Raven - Ava's Shiv, Uncharged Lamp (as a support item depending on how its augmented by Emerald)
Any unused weapons can be held onto for Azalea & Rip if rescued and in shape to defend themselves.

>>849775
First off you should definitely have Lucy help wrap Ava up in a snug bedding cocoon to make her easier to guard and keep her from being able to use her talons to attack anyone.

>Calla: "What is going one here?"
"Emerald is the most knowledgeable person here when it comes to the Portal because... she had been planning on using her research to open the Portal herself. She wanted to use it as a means to get revenge on some awful people and felt she had nothing to loose if it backfired on her. You probably heard when you came to find us, but I promised Emerald to help her find a better way if she gave up on using the portal. I know you're wary of her and I'm not asking you to trust her, but so far (even though she got interrupted before giving an answer) she has been agreeable and willing to help out however she can."

>Emerald: "I didn't have time to think about it!"
>Calla: "Think about what?"
This part is more tricky, either Emerald is talking about making up her mind about giving up on the portal OR she has no idea how to safely destroy the portal.
Whether it's the former or the latter, just say "It's okay, I'm not trying to pressure you. We have time right now to discuss it and figure things out." then ask Calla and Lucy to join You and Emerald in the next room to continue this conversation privately where you can help Emerald talk it out with out any of Ava's peanut gallery comments.

>Alternate talking points to skip right over to if I misread the situation and it is in fact the latter option
>Calla
Explain to Calla that there are parts of the portal's structure that are persistent and eventually revert to their original condition if altered in anyway. Unless we find a way to deal with these dimensional anchors, even if we destroyed the rest the structure it might simply revert to normal or regrow over time. Suggest that we instead focus on a way to expedite the shutdown process of the portal.
>Emerald & Lucy
Emerald said the Portal gives off Dark Energy, tell about how the song you sang to Lucy chased some of the darkness off and made it less oppressive. Perhaps it can be used to disperse the energy and power down the portal. Raven and Lucy should each give an account of their own perspectives of the event to help Emerald produce an analysis, Raven can also try singing a bit if the exertion doesn't aggravate her abdominal stab wound.
>Spare Uncharged Lamp
If the Song experiments give positive results, ask if the Crystal can be augmented with the communication spell to amplify sound, it would help Raven to project the song with out putting too much of a burden on her diaphragm.
If that's a no, then it should be charged up with Purifying Light instead to make sure no one gets accidentally exposed to the clingy Dark Energy goop.
>>
No. 849948 ID: 9e82bd

>>849915
>Aster - Bee Sword, Trowel or Wooden Block as a cudgel (since Azalea isn't here)
Trowel would be better. Wooden block would be unwieldy to use alongside a more agile weapon like a sword, while a trowel could possibly (like the rake) be used like a parrying dagger.
>>
No. 849988 ID: 4324ce

>>849915
Agreed with >>849948, otherwise backing.
>>
No. 850662 ID: 15a025

>Emerald: "I didn't have time to think about it!"

Guess she didn't look into that part much?
>>
No. 859652 ID: ca0e20
File 151637708505.gif - (1.89MB , 800x600 , 130.gif )
859652

>Dialogue x2

Raven: "Emerald was here before Ava and is the most knowledgeable person here when it comes to the Portal because... she had been planning on using her research to open the Portal herself. She wanted to use it as a means to get revenge on some awful people and felt she had nothing to lose if it backfired on her. You probably heard when you came to find us, but I promised Emerald to help her find a better way if she gave up on using the portal, since dealing with demons is too risky. I know you're wary of her and I'm not asking you to trust her, but so far even though she got interrupted before giving an answer she has been agreeable and willing to help out however she can."

Calla looks at me while I tell her this then fixate Emerald. I look to them both and they are staring at each other. Calla analyzing Emerald's every face muscles, and Emerald seems very uncomfortable, albeit in an angry way, sometimes showing signs of worry. Both me and Lucy alternate our focus on both of them, also uncomfortably.

Calla: "..."

Emerald: "..."

Raven: "..."

Lucy: "..."

Calla: "Well? I interupted you before, I'm uninterupting you now. What is your answer?"

Emerald: "What?"

Calla: "You still want to protect this portal?"

Emerald: "... I have to think about it still!"

Calla: "There's nothing to think about! If you don't want to stop all this, then you are a liability at best and an enemy at worse!"

Raven: "CALLA!!!"

Calla breaks eye contact with Emerald and stares at me shocked. I don't blame her. I surprised myself with my tone here. The room feels extra silent. With marigold not talking in the hallway, as she and Aster peeks in the doorway. Poppy seems to struggle between watching dutifully over Ava and succumbing to curiosity. Pain reminds me that I have a wound. Ummm...

>"It's okay, I'm not trying to pressure you. We have time right now to discuss it and figure things out."

Raven: "Give her a moment." I turn to Emerald and talk in a gentler tone. "Emerald, you can take your time to answer. Take it now. We do need an answer as soon as possible, but I understand if you need time to figure things out. Just keep in mind I'm here to help you once the portal is destroyed."

Emerald looks shocked, maybe a left over from my outburst. Her expression then becomes pensive.
>>
No. 859653 ID: ca0e20
File 151637709430.gif - (1.34MB , 800x600 , 131.gif )
859653

>ask Calla and Lucy to join You and Emerald in the next room to continue this conversation privately where you can help Emerald talk it out with out any of Ava's peanut gallery comments.
>you should definitely have Lucy help wrap Ava up in a snug bedding cocoon to make her easier to guard and keep her from being able to use her talons to attack anyone.

I look around the room. Ava being present is definitely not a good thing. And it would be better if she was less mobile.

I walk to Lucy and motion for her to lower herself. She does and I try to whisper close to her ear.

Raven: "Think you can cocoon her with the bed sheet?"

Lucy: "Cocoon...?"

Raven: "Like you cocooned Emerald! With my clothes!"

Lucy: "Oh! I think so..."

Raven: "Ok, try and do it fast. I suspect she'll be able to use her legs effectively. Stand over there."

I point to the opposite side of the bed. Lucy moves there while I walk over to Ava.

Raven: "Ava, did you know you were sitting against a bed?"

She slightly turns as if to look back but doesn't answer.

Raven: "Well, I just realized you're sitting on the cold floor and that's kinda mean. And we're the good guys! So you get to lie on the bed."

She doesn't react.

Raven: "Don't do anything rash though. Poppy, can you help her up? I would, but I don't know if I can lift much right now."

Poppy gives me a stern puzzling look for a second but then move to help Ava up to her feet and then guide her.

Raven: "Place her in the middle, so she won't fall."

With Ava in place, I nod to Lucy. Lucy looks at the bed sheet and Ava for a second or two. Then she makes a couple of flip of the sheet over and under Ava. Ava's body language shows that she tries to react to it, but Lucy is not only quick enough but also capable to see. In a couple of second, Lucy tighten the sheet and Ava is now a cocoon. She's tries to struggle but I'm guessing Lucy tied her up stronger than Ava can break free.

Raven: "Now you're all snug!"

Ava stops struggling.

Ava: "... Well played."

She seems to still be struggling, but in a less frantic way.

Though, now I do wonder, what do we do with her? Do we bring her with us once we go through the door? Leave someone behind to stand guard as we go through the door?


Raven: "Alright, Lucy, Calla and Emerald, let's go in the other room. Marigold, Aster, you two can come here and help Poppy keep an eye on Ava."

Everyone moves to their newly designated spot.

Aster: "Why do we need more of us to guard her if she's tied up like this?"
>>
No. 859654 ID: ca0e20
File 151637710357.gif - (1.78MB , 800x600 , 132.gif )
859654

We are now in the prison room.

>Explain to Calla that there are parts of the portal's structure that are persistent and eventually revert to their original condition if altered in anyway. Unless we find a way to deal with these dimensional anchors, even if we destroyed the rest the structure it might simply revert to normal or regrow over time. Suggest that we instead focus on a way to expedite the shutdown process of the portal.

Raven: "So, from what I understand, parts of the portal's structure that are persistent eventually revert to their original condition if altered in anyway. Unless we find a way to deal with these dimensional anchors, even if we destroyed the rest the structure it might simply revert to normal or regrow over time."

Emerald: "I'm sure the portal itself is the dimensional anchor. The parts I coulnd't mess with is everything around it. I never really messed with the portal physically in case it would mess it up. For all I know, a small cut on some of the writing engraved on it would be enough to nullify it. Though I woulnd't count on it. A direct blast could also be completely useless."

Calla: "So you're helping?"

Emerald: "... I'm still thinking about it." She avoids Calla's look.

Raven: "So should we just try to blow it up?"

Emerald: "I never messed with it but I still studied it. In theory, I'd be guessing it's protected by magic. If I was trying to d e s t r o y i t... I'd try to nullify it's magic somehow."

>>826349
Raven: "We do have a magic nullifying sword. Poppy has it right now." Emerald seems to tense up. "I did suspect that it might be useful in destroying the portal, but it was just a passing thought."

Calla: "So, what? We hack at the portal and hope the blade is sharp enough?"

Lucy: "The portal's trimming glowed red when it was activated. Maybe that's where the power is?"

Calla and I look to Emerald.

Emerald: "... She's onto something, I'll admit. The whole structure is magic, but those trimming are like the channels, or veins even... If I was trying to b-break the portal, that's where I'd focus."

That gives us one option.

>Emerald said the Portal gives off Dark Energy, tell about how the song you sang to Lucy chased some of the darkness off and made it less oppressive. Perhaps it can be used to disperse the energy and power down the portal. Raven and Lucy should each give an account of their own perspectives of the event to help Emerald produce an analysis, Raven can also try singing a bit if the exertion doesn't aggravate her abdominal stab wound.

Raven: "Another thing I want to talk about is this song I know. I sang it to Lucy earlier and I think it might help somehow."

Calla: "A song?"

Lucy: "Your song did that?"

Raven: "Yeah, I think so. It's a special song. Though I didn't expect it to have tangible effects, it chased off some of the darkness on Lucy when I sang it to her."

Lucy: "Ooooh!"

Raven: "What happened from your perspective Lucy?"

Lucy: "To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. It's kinda fuzzy, like a dream or a nightmare. But, I heard you singing and things became clearer. I assumed I just- h-heard you. And that helped me focus."

Raven: "This purpleness was also pushed back... Emerald, what's your take on this?"

Emerald: "... I never heard of anything like that."

Raven: "You haven't? Mmmh... Actually, here, I'll show you."
>>
No. 859655 ID: ca0e20
File 151637710924.gif - (1.27MB , 800x600 , 133.gif )
859655

I start singing the song. I try not to strain myself too much due to my wound. It's a bit uncomfortable, but I power through. It's short, so it's not the hardest thing to sing. I just have to be careful about the inflection and timing. As it was taught to me.

As I finish, I feel a bit better. Less stressed. Even the others seems more relaxed.

Calla: "Ooh!"

Lucy: "Aah! I remember."

Emerald is the only one that seems more spooked.

Raven: "Is something wrong Emerald? Did it not work?"

Emerald: "I never heard of this! Why do I not know what this is!? Where did you learn that!?"

Raven: "I don't know, it was taught to me when I was growing up."

Emerald seems to be lost in thoughts again.

>If the Song experiments give positive results, ask if the Crystal can be augmented with the communication spell to amplify sound, it would help Raven to project the song with out putting too much of a burden on her diaphragm.
If that's a no, then it should be charged up with Purifying Light instead to make sure no one gets accidentally exposed to the clingy Dark Energy goop.

I wait a little bit. I don't want to interupt Emerald's train of thought. After some seconds, Calla breaks the silence.

Calla: "So now what? Does this song help us? It felt calming, but I don't know how we can use that. You say it pushed darkness away? Things did seem a bit less purple..."

Raven: "I have no way to really know if it's the case, but I guess I'm hoping it could disperse the dark energy and power down the portal. What do you think Emerald?"

She takes a second to respond.

Emerald: "... I don't know what you did and I didn't properly test negative effects on the Portal."

>If the Song experiments give positive results, ask if the Crystal can be augmented with the communication spell to amplify sound, it would help Raven to project the song with out putting too much of a burden on her diaphragm.
If that's a no, then it should be charged up with Purifying Light instead to make sure no one gets accidentally exposed to the clingy Dark Energy goop.

Raven: "Well, I was thinking using this song. But maybe it would be better if we could amplify it. Emerald, could you use runes with the extra uncharged lamp we found to do that?"

Emerald: "... I don't know. Maybe? There's no actual spell that would do that, but maybe there's a way to combine certain rune glyphs to make it happen? I would need to take some time to figure that one out. The previous Rune was a lot more simple since I already done similar things. What you're asking me to do now is new."

Though with Rip being taken to the portal, I'm not sure how much time we have.

>Loadout talk

So after some thoughts this seems to be how things should be divided:

Calla - Metal Rod x2
Poppy - Ava's Sword and Mini-Rake
Marigold - Wooden Stick x2
Aster - Bee Sword, Trowel
Lucy - Lucy's Axe
Emerald - Wooden Block, Purifying Lamp
Me - Ava's Shiv, Uncharged Lamp

Inventory Update:

Current Inventory: Canteen of Pure Water (1 gulp), Old Journal, Empty Potion Bottle, Ava's Shiv, Uncharged Lamp
Available Weapons: 1 Wooden Blocks
Available Items: Tasty Seeds, 6 Tomatoes left, 8 Potatoes, 6 Onions, 5 Carrots, 4 Cabbages and 18 Pea pods, 3 Bags of Dirt

I tell everyone what weapons and item they should get. I don't get much resistance aside from a pause of hesitation and a glance to Calla from Poppy. Also Emerald who said she didn't need a weapon, until she was reminded that her magic isn't really usable.
I also mention using dirt and Lucy offers to carry a bag with as long as she can drop it once it's time to fight. We can have our hands mostly free until that part.
While gearing up, Emerald has already started messing with runes, but she can stop at any time if we decide that we should move right away.
>>
No. 859710 ID: 3adb50

Get on the move slowly. That way you can progress, but let Emerald work on the runes while you do. This will also let you move carefully to avoid traps or ambushes. Let the bees take the lead, since they're quickest and quietest.

Don't bring Ava. You have a better chance of talking down Ophi if Ava isn't there to reinforce her orders.

Make sure Ava is as secure as possible before you go, and there are no doors her allies could use to get back to her. There was a second bed somewhere, right? Could you use that as extra bindings so she can't wiggle and loosen herself?
>>
No. 859712 ID: 3ce125

You could make sure Ava stays put by flipping the bed over and trapping her under it. So long as she can still breathe it's fine. For maximal effectiveness you could point her head at the wall and shove the dresser up against the bed so she can't wiggle out from under it backwards or forwards.
>>
No. 859716 ID: 3adb50

>>859712
Also good.
>>
No. 859765 ID: 9f8ce2

>>859712
I want to say that this is a little bit overkill, but then I remember who we're dealing with. So I'm going to vote for it.

Also, apparently you got a real unique skill there, Raven. Just don't wear your throat out. And a bottle of water or something will probably be your best friend for a while.
>>
No. 863829 ID: ca0e20
File 151751460959.gif - (630.54KB , 800x600 , 134.gif )
863829

>apparently you got a real unique skill there, Raven. Just don't wear your throat out. And a bottle of water or something will probably be your best friend for a while.

I have one gulp of water left.

>Don't bring Ava. [...] Make sure Ava is as secure as possible before you go
>You could make sure Ava stays put by flipping the bed over and trapping her under it. So long as she can still breathe it's fine. For maximal effectiveness you could point her head at the wall and shove the dresser up against the bed so she can't wiggle out from under it backwards or forwards.
>I want to say that this is a little bit overkill, but then I remember who we're dealing with. So I'm going to vote for it.

I instruct Lucy of those direction and she does so with the help of Calla, Who decided to help unprompted.

Ava: "Now you're just trying to flatter me."

>Get on the move slowly. That way you can progress, but let Emerald work on the runes while you do. This will also let you move carefully to avoid traps or ambushes. Let the bees take the lead, since they're quickest and quietest.

I hold Ava's Shiv, and to free her hands, Emerald's Wooden Block and purifying lamp. She's now holding onto the Uncharged Lamp. She also found a scrap of paper that she is now doodling runes on, sometimes charging them and testing the effects.

We have 7 people to get through the Dark Fog, I decide to get everyone to the other side bringing 2 with me each time for 3 trips, Emerald being in the last duo to give her extra time to focus on the rune. Once on the other side, Emerald has had about 10 minutes to work on the rune, starting when we pinned Ava. The door was pretty close to us this whole time and even when taking our time, it didn't take long for us to be ready to go through.

Emerald: "Mmmh... Maybe this one?...Hello?... I guess not... Maybe this here with this one here... Hello?" A little flame shoots from the paper Emerald is holding. "Nope... Weird that it made fire though..."

Do we go through the mysterious door now?
>>
No. 863833 ID: 3adb50

>>863829
Should probably get a move on, yeah. If she charged it with that rune that made fire though, could it be used to shoot a fire bolt spell?
>>
No. 863888 ID: 818166

>>863829
Time to do this thing.
>>
No. 863889 ID: 90124d

We can't really do much, preparing spells requires a non-magical disrupting environment.

Lets go, No speeches, its time for assume this thing is a killzone of swords, magical defenses, and traps.
>>
No. 864375 ID: 15a025

I think we're about as ready as we'll be. Let's head in.
>>
No. 865885 ID: e1c8f7

Arm up with your steely knives, my dude
>>
No. 866320 ID: 87353e

>>863829
Yeah, start ferrying the first group across and have everyone hold onto each other as you go in. Take Poppy and Lucy first, that way when you go back for the second group they'll have extra muscle and the anti-magic sword with them just in case.
Aster & Marigold can be the second group, with Calla & Emerald going last to maximize time for testing runes.

First before you go, suggest to Emerald that if she discovers any more interesting combo runes like that "Sound into Fire" one, it might be worthwhile to inscribe her Wooden Block with some as a surprise for anyone who gets too close.

Second, ask the Bees about Basant. Whats his deal in all this, is he just a slave or something? He just seemed to only follow direct orders with minimal enthusiasm, If he doesn't receive/can't hear any orders will he just chill out and not cause problems?
>>
No. 868671 ID: ca0e20
File 151907372238.gif - (625.97KB , 800x600 , 135.gif )
868671

>ask the Bees about Basant.

Raven: "Calla, what is up with Basant? Is he some kind of slave?"

Calla: "No, but he used to be one. Ophi freed him and he pretty much dedicated his loyalty to her. He seems to be generally simple and find meaning in obeying I guess. Ophi do treat him better than he used to be. That helps a lot. He's pretty protective of her."

Raven: "If Ophi would be to be incapacitated?"

Calla: "Mmm... If she falls unconscious I would assumed he'd do what he can to protect her until she's better. I'm not sure what would happen if she were to fall in battle... I have seen him be quick to defend her when she is seemingly in harms way. Passive curiosity or protective anger are the few ways I've seen him."

Marigold: "He's nice! He likes flowers!"

>If she charged it with that rune that made fire though, could it be used to shoot a fire bolt spell?
>it might be worthwhile to inscribe her Wooden Block with some as a surprise for anyone who gets too close.

I turn to Emerald again.

Raven: "If you can make the Lamp shoot fireball quickly, do that now, it's time to move."

Emerald: "Fireballs are better than loud singing, I agree."

She starts doodling on the Uncharged Lamp and turns it into a Fireball Lamp. I then return the Wooden Block to her. I keep the Purifying Lamp and now re-equip Ava's Shiv.

Raven: "... Maybe you could put runes on the wooden block too? That could be a surprise for anyone that comes too close."

Emerald: "Ilikethat."

She quickly doodles a rune on the wooden block as well.

>Should probably get a move on, yeah.
>Time to do this thing.
>Lets go, No speeches, its time for assume this thing is a killzone of swords, magical defenses, and traps.
>I think we're about as ready as we'll be. Let's head in.
>Arm up with your steely knives, my dude

I sure hope it's not all that! I squeeze the handle of Ava's Shiv in my hand, ready to use it.

Raven: "Alright! Time to go."
>>
No. 868672 ID: ca0e20
File 151907372956.gif - (422.31KB , 800x600 , 136.gif )
868672

I approach the door... I'm not sure how to open it actually. No handle, so I should push it? I raise my hand with the Shiv, holding it to the side with my thumb, to push into it. As I put my hand on the door, it seemed to glow. I pause to see if it's gonna do anything else. Nothing seems to happen so I push. Light seeps into the room we're in. It's blinding and I feel like it's now all around me.
>>
No. 868673 ID: ca0e20
File 151907373866.gif - (8.00KB , 800x600 , 137.gif )
868673

...
>>
No. 868674 ID: ca0e20
File 151907374825.gif - (10.12KB , 800x600 , 138.gif )
868674

...

Raven

...

Things are about to get dangerous

But I want to see you succeed
>>
No. 868675 ID: ca0e20
File 151907375777.gif - (11.54KB , 800x600 , 139.gif )
868675

I'll protect you from within

But he can still hurt you
>>
No. 868676 ID: ca0e20
File 151907377175.gif - (16.30KB , 800x600 , 140.gif )
868676

I know you can stop him
>>
No. 868677 ID: ca0e20
File 151907377504.gif - (8.38KB , 800x600 , 141.gif )
868677

...

Good luck
>>
No. 868678 ID: ca0e20
File 151907378693.gif - (1.06MB , 800x600 , 142.gif )
868678

Raven.
>>
No. 868679 ID: ca0e20
File 151907379825.gif - (1.74MB , 800x600 , 143.gif )
868679

Calla: "Raven."

Raven: "Hah! What? Where are we?!"

Calla: Shh! We're in the portal room.

She points up?
>>
No. 868680 ID: ca0e20
File 151907381695.gif - (1.10MB , 800x600 , 144.gif )
868680

Oh. She points up. Uhhh...

Raven: "Did we go through the door?"

Calla: "... Yeah. We just did. Are you ok? You were walking in front of us."

I look back. I don't see the door.

Raven: "... I was floating?"

Emerald: "They haven't started yet."

Calla: "Shh! They also have not noticed us yet! The element of surprised is going to be a very good thing right now."

Emerald: "Mmph!"

From here, I can see Ophi on the platform with... Azalea and Rip! Based on the way they are sitting, I think they are both tied up, hands behind their backs. Basant and Rufa are off the platform. Rufa is the only one moving around as she pace back and forth. I think Ophi says something to Rufa, but Rufa might be ignoring her.
>>
No. 868687 ID: b1b4f3

The mist got oppressive again. Singing might help with that, but we need to stop Ophi first.
That's a rope right? That means slowly ascending in single file, and arriving like 10 seconds apart. ...man how are we even gonna get up there in a way that will let us fight Rufa? Rufa is definitely the biggest threat here since Ophi won't be able to reliably use magic, and won't be able to use magic AT ALL if the sword is out.

Hmm. Perhaps Lucy should go first, followed by whoever's most confident at fighting alongside her. The plan is to keep Rufa and Basant busy then someone else can try to free the two captives. Rip should actually get to safety as the first priority since he is required for the ritual. Hmm, if someone can slip by and grab Ophi we could hold her hostage to get Basant to stop fighting.
Wait, are those stairs over there too? Maybe the best fighters can cross over onto the stairs and take those to the top to cause a distraction while someone sneaks up via the rope and unties the captives or grab Ophi.
>>
No. 868692 ID: ca0e20

Note: This was a while ago, back in thread one, so I'll say that Raven would know that the rope hangs above the platform that Ophi is standing on. It's the rope Rip was hanging upside down from.
>>
No. 868695 ID: 91ee5f

>>868692
Here it is: >>/questarch/707598 !
>>
No. 868712 ID: 56e50f

>>868680
The first issue is how the heck do we get to them? We should probably test how we move around while we still have the chance to do so. Has gravity been inverted for just us?
>>
No. 868714 ID: b1b4f3

Oh god it IS inverted. That explains why I couldn't make out what was going on up there.

Well I guess we gotta figure out that problem first huh?
>>
No. 868739 ID: ba56e6

Can you walk on the walls, Distortion World style?
>>
No. 868787 ID: 87353e

>>868680
I think we might be able to not only rescue Azalea And Rip, but also kidnap Ophi in one fell swoop. We send a strike team of no less then two bees to traverse the rope, they reach the portal dais where one frees the captives and the other nabs Ophi. Once that's done anyone who can't speed climb thanks to having wings gets attached to the rope and hauled up like fish by the ceiling crew.

Sneak over to the rope and investigate its stability, ask if Emerald can use a magic circle to animate the rope if its stationary or keep it rigid if its slack. Also see if she can swap out the cleaning light rune on your lamp for a silence spell rune to make the strike team (and any captive they take) inaudible. Have Aster, Marigold & Poppy start getting prepped to go in the mean time. Warn them that Ophi probably has magic tools taken from the reagent storage room, but Rip might still have a single dose of numbing buds on him that they could use on her.
>>
No. 868933 ID: ca0e20
File 151915537270.gif - (1.26MB , 800x600 , 145.gif )
868933

>We should probably test how we move around while we still have the chance to do so.
>That's a rope right?
>Sneak over to the rope and investigate its stability

I walk over to the rope and tug on it. It pulls to me with little resistance. When I let go it falls back to it's original height, if a bit wobbly now. Hopefully no one around the platform notices it moving, unless it's Rip or Azalea... I don't think we can climb the rope... down? to the platform.

>ask if Emerald can use a magic circle to animate the rope if its stationary or keep it rigid if its slack.

Raven: "Emerald, think you can manipulate this rope with magic? Maybe with a rune?"

Emerald: "No Raven. Drawing a rune this small and on a soft and round rope is not something I think I am capable of."

>Also see if she can swap out the cleaning light rune on your lamp for a silence spell rune

Raven: "Is it possible to change rune on these lamps?"

Emerald: "It would take a while. Remember when I told you the chalk I used was more permanent than a normal one? It's meant to not fade away easily."

>Can you walk on the walls, Distortion World style?

The walls are kinda far away all around so I pick a random one toward the portal to test. Something I didn't notice before, this room is rounder than I thought. The walls and ceiling are attached in a slope of sort, making more of a dome. I keep walking toward the wall but I'm unsure how far I have to walk to know if I can walk on walls. Eventually I look over to the platform and my mind makes a hiccup seeing the platform at an angle from my perspective and I have to lower myself to the ground reflexively. This feels really weird, but it does look like we can walk on the walls as well.
>>
No. 868977 ID: e1c8f7

>>868933
No herein lies the issue. How the heck do we get to them without them seeing us? Rufa is probably on stupidly high alert. Perhaps we can split up and surround from different angles, or maybe one person go down and possibly distracts them while the others come around from the other side.
>>
No. 869061 ID: ba56e6

>>868977
We should have the more noticeable members stay together, while the stealthy ones sneak up on Ophi.
>>
No. 869073 ID: 91ee5f

Here’s the plan:

Everyone walk along the walls to get closer. Then someone yells “NOW!!!” and then we spring to action!

Lucy will engage Basant, since she’s the only one strong enough to fight him. Then we have some of the bees engage Rufa to prevent her from going towards Rip and Azalea. And then whichever bee is holding the magic canceling sword can fly over to Ophi to engage her.

That’ll leave Emerald and Raven to get over to Rip and Azalea to untie them.
>>
No. 869080 ID: ba56e6

>>869073
Ideally we should pop our Fireball on Rufa, but make sure she's not ready to dodge it. She's the one we care least about burning alive.
>>
No. 869117 ID: 91ee5f

>>869080
Speaking of which, we should quickly ask Emerald how we’re supposed to use it. That way we can actually use it when we need to.
>>
No. 869239 ID: ca0e20
File 151924262782.gif - (2.00MB , 800x600 , 146.gif )
869239

I return to the others.

>Perhaps we can split up and surround from different angles, or maybe one person go down and possibly distracts them while the others come around from the other side.
>We should have the more noticeable members stay together, while the stealthy ones sneak up on Ophi.
>Everyone walk along the walls to get closer. Then someone yells “NOW!!!” and then we spring to action! Lucy will engage Basant, since she’s the only one strong enough to fight him. Then we have some of the bees engage Rufa to prevent her from going towards Rip and Azalea. And then whichever bee is holding the magic canceling sword can fly over to Ophi to engage her. That’ll leave Emerald and Raven to get over to Rip and Azalea to untie them.
>Ideally we should pop our Fireball on Rufa, but make sure she's not ready to dodge it.

Raven: "Ok, this is weird, but I guess we can walk down on the walls to the floor. Here's what I think we should do. We should split up into 2 teams. One team will make an obvious attack and draw their attention while the other team sneaks from the other side to take down Ophi and free our friends."

Calla: "I like that plan. Me and my sisters can do either."

Raven: "You could lead the attack team and I'd lead the sneak team. I'm in no condition for direct fighting, so it would be best if I avoid it."

Emerald: "I can lead too!"

Calla: "Keep your voice down!"

Raven: "... We'll see, Emerald."

Raven: "Lucy is the only one that can go up against Basant, so she should be on the attack team. We also need some bees to occupy Rufa to prevent her from getting to the platform. Especially to Azalea and Rip. Sneak team also needs a bee, I would trust one of you with Ava's sword better to get close to Ophi and cancel her magic."

Calla: "Two of us should be able to handle Rufa. Aster you're with me."

Aster: "Yeah, sure."

Calla: "Poppy and Marigold can go with you. Poppy, you have to prevent Ophi from casting magic."

Poppy: "She better enjoy her magic while she can!"

Raven: "Emerald should go on the attack team."

Calla: "She's not taking command of the attack team!"

Emerald: "Woah! Someone is threatened!"

Calla: "Missing the point like this is a good indication of why you're unfit as a leader!"

Emerald: "You're unfit, b-"

Lucy: "Witch!... *sigh* I wouldn't mind help with the Mammoth."

Raven: "Not only that, I do think Emerald could try to take Rufa down with a fireball. Sooner into the fight, the better. Do that as an opener and you can focus more on Basant after?"

Emerald: "Fine. At least I know Lucy will obey."

Lucy's head lowers with a pained expression, holding her axe up to hide her face a bit.

>Rufa is probably on stupidly high alert.

Raven: "Also, Calla, I think Rufa is on high alert right now, so you and your team, be careful."

Calla: "Thanks. We have experience with her. Still she should not be underestimated."


So the teams would be:

Attack Team: Calla, Aster, Lucy and Emerald

They will attack from one side of the room as a distraction and occupy their fighters. Calla and Aster will focus on Rufa while Lucy and Emerald will focus on Basant.

Sneak Team: Me, Poppy and Marigold

We will sneak from the other side in an attempt to incapacitated Ophi and free our friend, who will in turn be potential ally if we need them to be.

Azalea might be a bit hurt, not sure what happened since last I saw her. Rip also had something wrong with him according to Calla, but I never got the chance to check on him before Ava got her hands on him. Is he fine now? Both are most likely unarmed. Rip's sword might be around? Poppy also has an extra Mini-Rake, while I could maybe give Ava's Shiv to someone in better shape once we free them.

Lucy also offers everyone the option to get a handful of dirt from the dirtbag she was totally carrying the whole time. The bees opt to fill their empty hands with them.

At any rate, should I revise the teams? Any particular plan on how to approach the attack and sneak? We can descend from any walls.
>>
No. 869339 ID: ba56e6

>>869239
Looks like a good plan.

Caution the attack team that you used the paralyzing pollen on Rufa, and she might try using the same tactic back at us if she was able to get her hands on some.
>>
No. 869453 ID: e1c8f7

>>869239
Advise both teams to use whatever cover they can when scaling the walls. The portal looks like it could easily hide an approach.
>>
No. 869632 ID: 91ee5f

>>869339
>paralyzing pollen
>Rufa might try using it
Actually, Rufa isn’t the only one that would try that. Let’s warn everyone that any of the enemies could try to do that.
>>
No. 869682 ID: ca0e20
File 151940965697.gif - (496.82KB , 800x600 , 147.gif )
869682

>Caution the attack team that you used the paralyzing pollen on Rufa, and she might try using the same tactic back at us if she was able to get her hands on some.
>Actually, Rufa isn’t the only one that would try that. Let’s warn everyone that any of the enemies could try to do that.

Raven: "Oh also, I used paralyzing pollen on Rufa earlier. She, and any of them really, might try something similar on us."

Calla: "Uhh, I'll keep that in mind."

>Looks like a good plan.
>Advise both teams to use whatever cover they can when scaling the walls. The portal looks like it could easily hide an approach.

Raven: "Alright, I think we're good to go. We should try to get down using as much cover we can."

Calla looks around above us.

Calla: "... My team will descend at those stairs over there. We'll reach the floor before they spot us so they won't know to check the walls once we make ourselves known."

Raven: "Be careful, Rufa might be keeping an eye at the top door."

Calla: "It's all about timing."

Calla and the rest of the Attack Team starts to move toward the stairs.

I look at the portal. This is the only other obvious cover... I gesture to Poppy and Marigold to follow and we line ourselves up with the portal's left half to attempt to hide ourselves. Once we're there, I think about how close to the portal we are. Poppy has Ava's sword and the plan is to use it to break the portal...

Marigold: "The portal looks a bit more glow-y from here."

I don't notice much difference.

Raven: "Might just be because of the mist, it's not as dense from up close."

I keep an eye on Calla's team. They are in a similar position as we are above the stairs. I see Rufa's pacing is not constant and frantic like it could be. Maybe she's tiring herself out... Once Rufa turns her back to the stairs, I see the Attack Team crouch run to it. But instead of landing on the platform at the top of the stairs, they go next to it instead, where the stairs cover them. Once they all reach their destination and are out of sight, I look over to Rufa who is just turning around. Phew! They'll be able to reach the floor before they get spotted.

After some seconds, I see the Attack Team pop out from around the stairs, the same spot Rip guided me to Lucy before. It's both Calla and Aster in full speedy sprint toward Basant with Lucy and Emerald following at a slower run. Instead of attacking him, the bees subvert him and attack Rufa who just turned around to block Aster's Bee Sword. It's looking like Rufa also has a sword now... Azalea's Sword! Luckily, the tandem attack allowed Calla to hit Rufa with her Metal Rods and Rufa seems a bit staggered. Just then, Emerald holds up her Fireball Lamp! Rufa is not gonna be able to get out of the way on time! But a light catches my eye on the platform. Ophi is... holding some kind of empty orb? with her other hand she makes a motion toward the orb and... Using her own fireball, intercepts Emerald's attack on Rufa!
>>
No. 869683 ID: ca0e20
File 151940966554.gif - (1.03MB , 800x600 , 148.gif )
869683

Raven: "Time to go! Quick!"

We start making our way down the wall along the portal as quick and quietly as possible.

Poppy: "We should go faster!"

Raven: "I'm kinda hurt here!"

We arrive close to the portal, still on the wall. If I was a grasshopper, I feel like I could jump and touch it... maybe. Though I'm not sure how gravity would handle me if I did. I look over the Attack Team. Ophi isn't attacking as often as I would have thought, but the Attack team is still at a disadvantage with Ophi suppressing them! Most of Emerald's effort are diverted to blocking Ophi's spells while the rest keeps flinching from the heat of the explosions. Ophi has some allies that are also affected by the heat, must be why Ophi's attacks are reserved. We have to get to her as soon as possible!

Marigold: "The portal! Look! It's glowing!"

I look up while moving forward. This time it's obvious. The portal is starting to glow. I'm not sure what it's doing. Should I continue forward?!
>>
No. 869696 ID: b1b4f3

>>869683
Unsheath your sword. If you're closer to Ophi than Emerald you should be able to selectively disable her spells. Also maybe someone can toss you to the portal so you can whack it.
>>
No. 869701 ID: 91ee5f

>>869696
Poppy has the magic cancelling sword, not Raven.
>>
No. 869725 ID: 56e50f

>>869701
Move like their lives depend on it! Because it does!
>>
No. 869734 ID: ba56e6

>>869683
Send Poppy and Marigold to stop Ophi and free the prisoners. Try using your song to suppress the portal.
>>
No. 869748 ID: 87353e

>>869683
Have Poppy and Marigold go on ahead of you and blindside Ophi while she is focused on suppressing the attack team. Tell Poppy that if they can sneak up on Ophi, she should hold off on pulling the sword out until Marigold is close enough to restrain Ophi. Waiting till the last second to cancel out her magic should help avoid Ophi being alerted to their presence too soon. Poppy can then cut Azalea & Rip free of their bonds and use whats left to tie Ophi up.

As for you, be ready to give aid to Azalea and Rip if they need it. Keep an eye on the portal as you approach and if it gets worse by the time you catch up be ready to start singing your song in the hope that it might slow down what ever process is going on long enough for Poppy to jam the sword into the Portal's channels.
>>
No. 869755 ID: 91ee5f

Don’t start singing before Poppy and Marigold get close enough to grab Ophi! If you start singing before the bees can get close enough, you’ll alert Ophi to your location!
>>
No. 869903 ID: 15a025

Start humming a soft tune and see what happens to the portal?
>>
No. 870279 ID: ca0e20
File 151966891950.gif - (1.60MB , 800x600 , 149.gif )
870279

>Send Poppy and Marigold to stop Ophi and free the prisoners.
>Have Poppy and Marigold go on ahead of you and blindside Ophi while she is focused on suppressing the attack team. Tell Poppy that if they can sneak up on Ophi, she should hold off on pulling the sword out until Marigold is close enough to restrain Ophi. Waiting till the last second to cancel out her magic should help avoid Ophi being alerted to their presence too soon.

Raven: "Poppy, Marigold, don't unsheathe the sword until you're ready to take Ophi down or else she'll know you're there ahead of time. Go now! I'll catch up!"

Marigold seems to hesitate but Poppy dart ahead immediately which convinces Marigold to follow her.

>Try using your song to suppress the portal.
>Keep an eye on the portal as you approach
>Don’t start singing before Poppy and Marigold get close enough to grab Ophi! If you start singing before the bees can get close enough, you’ll alert Ophi to your location!
>Start humming a soft tune and see what happens to the portal?

Unsure what to do, I continue forward. I want to try to sing to see if I can suppress what the portal is doing but I'm suppose to be silent. I start humming to myself not sure if it'll do anything. The familiarity of the song does make me feel better, but I don't notice anything else.

The portal just gets brighter and suddenly

FPHOOMMmmm...

The portal makes a loud low noise and emits a kind of wave of purple from itself... I don't feel anything different...

...I think Ophi's attacked stopped? I can't see her since I'm using the portal as cover but the magic has stopped. Seems like there's a break in the fighting as everyone is in defensive stances. Probably wondering what the portal did. I look ahead and I see that Poppy and Marigold have reached the floor, but they are not moving forward. They are taking cover with the portal and seem to be waiting for something.

Whatever the portal did, I think it got Ophi's attention and is probably looking in our direction. I continue forward along the portal, still humming.
>>
No. 870284 ID: b1b4f3

>>870279
Get something between you an Ophi then start singing.
>>
No. 870293 ID: 8edb2d

>>870279
Remain in cover and sing the song of your people.
>>
No. 870327 ID: e3591d

Start belting it out operatic style to spooky and demoralize enemy
>>
No. 870336 ID: 56e50f

>>870279
I don't know about you guys, but I would like as little reactions from the Portal as possible. Move up with the others.
>>
No. 870434 ID: a65225

>>870336
Agreed. Although I have to admit that if just humming that song results in this, I wonder what would a full-throated song do? Something for later, though, we dont want it to go off prematurely...

...do we?

(Might take this to the discussion thread if anyones interested.)
>>
No. 870467 ID: 87353e

>>870279
Make your way down to the opposite side of the portal in relation to where Marigold and Poppy are hiding if you can. That way if you start singing, Ophi will probably turn towards you and away from them.
>>
No. 870490 ID: 4324ce

>>870467
That might work out.

>>870327
She has to sing it a very specific way, else it doesn't work, I think.
>>
No. 870495 ID: 8edb2d

>>870467
Poppy and Marigold are already at the other end of the portal.
>>
No. 870506 ID: 87353e

>>870495
Are they? They stopped moving after reaching ground level and are using the Portal arm we came down behind to block LoS from the dais. Raven is still up on the wall more or less directly above them. If we keep walking on the same curved path as the portal then we could just keep going past Poppy and Marigold until we are behind the base of the opposite arm.
>>
No. 870510 ID: ca0e20
File 151976046190.gif - (760.04KB , 800x600 , 150.gif )
870510

>Make your way down to the opposite side of the portal in relation to where Marigold and Poppy are hiding if you can.

I'm not sure that I could, the only spot the portal joins would be at the bottom anyway. Best other option would be to turn back and hope I'm above Ophi's peripheral vision to start going down the other half. But I'm not sure if I have time to do that.

>Move up with the others.

Not being able to think of much I can do from this spot, I continue to Marigold and Poppy. Suddenly, the portal does something else. This time, the trimming near Marigold and Poppy starts to frantically pulse along the trimming like multiple lights were moving through it. The bees take some steps away from it.

*BOOM*

A fireball, coming from the platform hits the wall near the bees! I'm close enough that the blast startles me quite a bit. Quickly, I see poppy unsheathe Ava's sword and swing towards the flame in one motion, then re-sheath it. The flame were staved off by the swing. Somehow, Ophi seems to know that the bees are there!

>Get something between you an Ophi then start singing.
>Remain in cover and sing the song of your people.

I feel like I have to sing and see what will happen. I slow down to a walk and start my song. It's short enough that it shouldn't take too long, but I still have to focus on how I sing it. I see Poppy put a hand on Marigold's shoulder.

Poppy: "----- around!"

She then dashes to the other side of the portal and turn the corner. She's gonna attempt to use speed to get to Ophi! But as Poppy come out of view, Marigold jumps out of her hiding spot and waves around at Ophi.

Marigold: "Miss Ophi! Stop being mean! Please!"

I continue singing and walking. I can't see Ophi so I have no idea what her reaction is. I think I hear her voice yell something at Marigold, but I don't understand any of it. My heart is pounding out of my chest, but I focus on singing. Marigold stands there for a moment only for her to also run out! But Ophi is not throwing any fireball so that should be a good sign?
>>
No. 870511 ID: ca0e20
File 151976046983.gif - (1.06MB , 800x600 , 151.gif )
870511

I finish my song and... I feel... different? Better, calmer, but also something is missing? I wiggle my body and I realize I don't feel my wound anymore! Did it heal m- OW! nope. If I touch it, it still hurts, but I don't feel it as much right now. I feel like I can move at full speed.
>>
No. 870514 ID: 91ee5f

>>870511
>I feel like I can move at full speed.
Good because something is coming towards you and you need to run away from it right now!
>>
No. 870526 ID: ca0e20

Just a heads up: Generally, as I try to update as often as I can, the next update will be written on the morning of the next day when an update is made. Just a thing to keep in mind that suggestions that could change a scene might have to be ignored on the next day, after morning, since they can come in after the update is written and the panels have started to be made. Smaller suggestion that Raven can just answer or specify can still be added afterward.

For a fuzzy time zone, I'm on the east coast of North America.

>>
No. 870549 ID: 8edb2d

>>870511
Evade demon fire. Head towards Ophi, you'll need to sing for Rip if he's still under the influence.
>>
No. 870565 ID: 87353e

>>870511
Avoid the fire and continue down to the base of the portal. Try to get under the walkway leading leading from the portal from the dais to cover your approach if you don't noticed. Make sure to cover up your lamp before you move out from behind the portal.
>>
No. 870630 ID: a65225

>>870526
Duck and move!
>>
No. 870663 ID: e1c8f7

>>870526
Stay on your toes, er claws, Raven!
>>
No. 870695 ID: ca0e20
File 151984531935.gif - (944.52KB , 800x600 , 152.gif )
870695

>Good because something is coming towards you and you need to run away from it right now!
>Evade demon fire.
>Avoid the fire and continue down to the base of the portal.
>Duck and move!
>Stay on your toes, er claws, Raven!

Woah! Oh. Actually this fire is from Ophi's fireball. I'm about to reach the floor. It is bigger than I would think a fireball would make it... Just in case the purple is making the fireball do odd things, I still try to give myself as wide of a berth around it as I can while staying in cover.

>Head towards Ophi, you'll need to sing for Rip if he's still under the influence.
>Try to get under the walkway leading leading from the portal from the dais to cover your approach if you don't noticed. Make sure to cover up your lamp before you move out from behind the portal.

I arrive to the floor and... try to step on itWOAH! Yeah, wow. That felt weirder than the gentle slope of the ceiling.
>>
No. 870696 ID: ca0e20
File 151984532836.gif - (1.25MB , 800x600 , 153.gif )
870696

I exchange hands with Ava's Shiv and the Purifying Lamp to make it easier to hide the lamp under my side cloak. Keeping it covered I peek around the portal and see Ophi looking around while Poppy is under the platform, both seems to be undecided in which spot to attack or defend from. Marigold is jumping up onto the ramp connecting the portal to the platform. Ophi seems preoccupied enough to I dash underneath the ramp. As Marigold is climbing onto the ramp, she pleads with Ophi again.

Marigold: "Please! Miss Ophi! D-"

Ophi: "Marigold! Stop! Don't move another inch! I know what you're trying to do! What you're setting yourself up to do! I don't want to hurt you but if you try it, I won't hold back!"

Marigold stopped moving and I can see her leg dangling on the side of the ramp as I sneak forward to join Poppy.

Marigold: "But.. miss Ophi... Why?"

Ophi: "It has to be done!"

I reach Poppy. I can hear Ophi's hooves tapping on the metal above us.

Poppy: "You got here fast for a wounded person. Any idea to distract her? Help me get to her?"

Raven: "Can't you just use your sword against her? If the sword is unsheathed, she won't be able to use her magic against you."

Poppy: "Ava knew it was possible an enemies would get their hand on the sword. So she made sure Ophi was prepared... I'm not sure what trick she has."
>>
No. 870698 ID: 56e50f

>>870696
If Marigold can keep her distracted, we could try tackling Ophi from three directions.
>>
No. 870724 ID: 8edb2d

>>870696
Move around the platform and distract Ophi for Poppy. She's fast, she just needs a brief window.
>>
No. 870741 ID: 87353e

>>870696
You could sneak over to the next side of the dais while Poppy stays here and position yourself with her and Marigold in a triangle formation around Ophi. Once in position Raven can pop up and wave her lamp around like she is gonna cast a spell with it to distract Ophi while Poppy jumps up and wallops her. Just be ready to duck back down if she manages to get a fire ball off at you first.

Ask Poppy if she can think of something that Ophi has always had on her person no matter what that she rarely takes off, specifically any of her jewelry or a trinket of some kind that might look similar to the gem in the sword that she could aim for? Poppy's best bet is to knock the Orb Foci away first and then clock Ophi in the head with with the sword hilt or a sucker punch.
>>
No. 870842 ID: 4324ce

>>870741
Money's on the hat. That's where her backup plan is.
>>
No. 870844 ID: cb585b

Well, if Ophi has an anti-magic counter, there's always non-magical ways to deal with her...

Rock: Apply directly to the forehead.
>>
No. 870845 ID: c31aac

>>870696
just lob that thing leaning against the wall there as hard as you can at her face

that should do the trick I reckon
>>
No. 870847 ID: 91ee5f

Raven, you go to one side and throw rocks at Ophi to distract her so that both bees can charge at her. Or you can throw your lamp at her, since you’re trying to get her attention, your glowing lamp will definitely get Ophi’s attention! Especially if you can nail her in her stupid face!
>>
No. 870848 ID: 91ee5f

>>870847
Or if there are legs holding up the platform that Ophi is standing on, maybe you and Poppy can kick the legs out and make Ophi fall when the platform falls over?
>>
No. 871166 ID: ca0e20
File 152001851084.gif - (1.83MB , 800x600 , 154.gif )
871166

>Ask Poppy if she can think of something that Ophi has always had on her person no matter what that she rarely takes off, specifically any of her jewelry or a trinket of some kind that might look similar to the gem in the sword that she could aim for?

Raven: "Know of anything that Ophi always has on her? Maybe even something that look similar to the gem on the sword?"

Poppy looks at the gem on the sword quizzically.

Poppy: "... To counter counter-magic? Is that even how magic works?"

I shrug.

>just lob that thing leaning against the wall there as hard as you can at her face

All the wall are far away! We're at the center of a big room under the platform in front of the portal!

>Move around the platform and distract Ophi for Poppy. She's fast, she just needs a brief window.
>Rock: Apply directly to the forehead.
>just lob
>you can throw your lamp at her, since you’re trying to get her attention, your glowing lamp will definitely get Ophi’s attention!

Raven: "I'll go this way and you go that way. I'll distract her and you use that chance to get to her! With Marigold this should surround her."

Poppy: "Straight forward and safe, like Calla. Let's do this."

We move into position. I see the others still fighting. Aster is taking a knee. I sure hope she's not severely hurt!

I think about my options, but I really want to throw something at Ophi. And since I don't see any rocks around, This lamp will do. I hop up next to this... dais? To cover me. Alright, here goes. I stand up and throw the lamp, aiming for her head! As she's swiveling around, she does see me throw something at her.

Ophi: "Rav-? EEP!"

Her natural reaction is to lower herself with her arms up in the air, but in doing so she casts a fire spell randomly! Luckily her aim doesn't make the spell point all that near me. Unfortunately, she did the same thing that Emerald did in the prison that one time and her fire spell turns to steam! This time I'm engulf in high heat! I can't really breath for a bit and the heat is extremely uncomfortable. I try to jump off the platform to get out of the heat and it feels like I jumped into a cold cave by comparison. I think I'll be ok, but that was not fun!

Current Inventory: Canteen of Pure Water (1 gulp), Old Journal, Empty Potion Bottle, Ava's Shiv (on hand)
>>
No. 871167 ID: ca0e20
File 152001851936.gif - (1.71MB , 800x600 , 155.gif )
871167

Poppy: "Raven! You're still there!?"

I look around and Poppy is nowhere under the platform so I gingerly hop back up the platform. I peek around the dais and see that Poppy has Ava's sword to Ophi's neck. Ophi looking as scared as I've ever seen her in the couple of times I've seen her. She's completely frozen in fear, save for some stressful tremors. She is still holding whatever pose she was in once she realized a sword was near her throat.

Poppy turns to the where the others are fighting.

Poppy: "HEY! You two better stop fighting or else Ophi gets it!"

Keeping a defensive stance, both Rufa and Basant glances over the platform until they realize the situation, in which their full attention is now on Ophi and Poppy.

Calla: "Uff, throw your weapons on the ground Rufa!"

Rufa lowers her weapon but just kinda make some kind of growl as she's still angrily staring at the platform. Basant huffs.

Calla: "Basant, don't do anything rash. Ophi does not need to be hurt."
>>
No. 871168 ID: ca0e20
File 152001852461.gif - (1.08MB , 800x600 , 156.gif )
871168

Marigold: "Azzy!"

Azalea: "Hey, Marigold."

Azalea sounds like she just woke up from a nap. I decide to check up on Rip.

Raven: "Rip?"

He doesn't seem to react. I grab his head to point it towards me, he seem to be looking through me.

Azalea: "He's been like that ever since they found us... Ophi did something to force him together, but now he barely responses to anything that happens around him."
>>
No. 871172 ID: 56e50f

>>871168
Is he violent?
>>
No. 871174 ID: b0924e

>>871168
Tap the sword on him and if not that give him a quick slap
>>
No. 871176 ID: 91ee5f

>>871168
Start singing.

If that doesn’t work, force Ophi to undo whatever she did.
>>
No. 871178 ID: b1b4f3

>>871168
A song in close proximity to Rip might work. Since we won the fight we have time to experiment, thank god.
If the song doesn't work you could try taking off his mask and splashing some water in his face.

Also keep an eye on Emerald, she might still try to complete the ritual. I don't think she's fully convinced it's a bad idea. She's probably swayed enough not to completely betray you though so as long as you keep her away from temptation or make it clear she'll have to go through you (her only friend) it should be okay.
>>
No. 871216 ID: 8edb2d

>>871168
Sing for him.
>>
No. 871218 ID: 8ee080

>>871168
If we can, see if the sword can't cancel out whatever. If not, try singing and see if that clears his head.

... getting a lot of mileage out of That Tune.
>>
No. 871342 ID: 87353e

>>871168
>what do
First we can try asking Azalea if she remembers anything specific even minor details, like if Rip was talking or mumbling about anything before getting pacified. All we know is it was like he was having a nightmare or something? Also ask Ophi what she did to calm him down.

If we can, lets move Rip off the dais and to the side before we start removing his gear to poke and prod him. If the sword, the song or giving him the water don't effect his stupor, we might have to let Emerald take look at him and who knows if she might purposely or accidentally goof him up. The only other "magical expert" is Ophi and we can't trust her near Rip at all.

>Side stuff
Have someone tie up Ophi so we don't have to hold her at sword point the entire time.
Rufa too, but be extra careful with her.
Get Azalea her sword back
Look and see if you lamp is still in one piece, just in case purple stuff starts coming out of Rip.
Search Rip for either anything useful or a personal affect he might respond to if shown.
>>
No. 871350 ID: f6b57a