[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 782170)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 148781226754.png - (326.61KB , 600x600 , Anxiety.png )
782170 No. 782170 ID: cc08c7

I can't breathe. Someone please help.
Expand all images
>>
No. 782171 ID: 143250

Sure. How can we help you today?
>>
No. 782178 ID: cc08c7
File 148781277035.png - (528.62KB , 600x600 , A1.png )
782178

>>782171
I don't know where I am, there's colours everywhere and my heart is racing faster and faster. I feel like it's about to explode. I'm trying to breathe but I keep gasping and choking on the air around me. I think I'm having a panic attack.
>>
No. 782180 ID: 29eaed

>>782178
well quit it
>>
No. 782181 ID: 143250

Shut your eyes, long deep breaths, breathe in through your nose.
>>
No. 782184 ID: 7b7ab3

Try closing your eyes, taking slow, deep breaths, and counting backwards from 100.
>>
No. 782186 ID: cc08c7
File 148781351866.png - (153.47KB , 600x600 , A2.png )
782186

>>782180
This isn't helping...!

>>782181
>Charlotte attempts to close her eyes and relax, her heart rate gradually slows down and she can feel air flowing into her lungs again

>Anxiety Level lowered

I think it's working. I can see a bit more clearly now. I still feel shaky and out of it though...
>>
No. 782188 ID: cc08c7
File 148781374668.png - (154.18KB , 600x600 , A3.png )
782188

>>782181
>Charlotte starts counting, she feels her feet touching the ground around the time she reaches 50.

>Anxiety level lowered

Okay, the shaking stopped...but something still isn't right. Should I finish counting or try something else?
>>
No. 782190 ID: 7b7ab3

>>782186
Think of a song you enjoy or something familiar and comfortable.
>>
No. 782192 ID: 6bda2b

OH GOD WHAT IS THAT BEHIND YOU?! ARE THOSE EYES!? THAT THING IS HUGE!
>>
No. 782193 ID: cc08c7
File 148781423907.png - (153.61KB , 600x600 , A4.png )
782193

>>782190
That's a good idea...!

>Anxiety level lowered, status normal

I can see everything properly now, but I have a new problem.

>>782192
Don't even joke about that! They're...some kind of lights? I think?
>>
No. 782194 ID: 7b7ab3

What is your problem, tiny birb?
>>
No. 782199 ID: cc08c7
File 148781512018.png - (153.57KB , 600x600 , A5.png )
782199

>>782194
Even though I feel better, I have no idea where I am. This doesn't look like my yard, or street, or anywhere in my city I've ever been in.
>>
No. 782202 ID: 3abd97

Any notable landmarks? What can you see, if you look around?
>>
No. 782208 ID: 398fe1

>>782199
I guess just head towards one of the lights. The lower one.
>>
No. 782209 ID: cc08c7
File 148781617188.png - (146.28KB , 600x600 , LookingAround.png )
782209

>>782202
>Charlotte tries to look around

I see lots of this nasty purple colour and weird glowing orbs. Any time I turn my head there's just more of the damn things.
>>
No. 782210 ID: cc08c7
File 148781649467.png - (144.18KB , 600x600 , ISeeYou.png )
782210

>>782208
Anytime I move towards them they move away, it's like I'm stuck in a weird bubble and they're part of the background.
>>
No. 782212 ID: cc08c7
File 148781724850.png - (155.80KB , 600x600 , Incoming.png )
782212

I guess I could try walking in one direction until I hit something, but it feels like this entire place is just moving with me. It's kinda making me dizzy.
>>
No. 782213 ID: 398fe1

>>782212
Hey, something's behind you!
>>
No. 782214 ID: 9145ba

Spin counterclockwise to counteract the dizziness.
>>
No. 782215 ID: cc08c7
File 148781743568.png - (168.60KB , 600x600 , A6.png )
782215

>>782213
What? Come on I'm not falling for that again. That really isn't helping.
>>
No. 782217 ID: 143250

Well in that case, just run forward, gotta keep up your exercises. Look at the floor while running so you don't get further dizzy.
>>
No. 782221 ID: cc08c7
File 148781797259.png - (170.33KB , 600x600 , A7.png )
782221

>>782214
Pretty sure that's just an urban myth and will only make this worse.

>>782217
Staring at the ground? What if something pops out at me? Besides I can't run, I feel like it's getting worse...

>Charlotte suddenly gets a very bad feeling
>>
No. 782222 ID: cc08c7
File 148781800822.png - (169.64KB , 600x600 , A8.png )
782222

UH..
>>
No. 782223 ID: 143250

Staring contest?
>>
No. 782225 ID: cc08c7
File 148781858431.png - (300.03KB , 600x600 , Itchy.png )
782225

>>782223
>Charlotte attempts to have a stare-down with the thing in front of her. Her entire body starts hurting and itching as she stares into the swirling scribbles on its face.

>Anxiety level is rising
>>
No. 782226 ID: ba506f

probably should leave... like, now.
>>
No. 782227 ID: 143250

It probably isn't dangerous, and is just curious. It would have attacked you by now if it was dangerous. But still, avert your eyes, step back slowly, and ask what it wants, see if it can talk.
>>
No. 782228 ID: 9145ba

Pick on it.
>>
No. 782229 ID: cc08c7
File 148781918801.png - (181.69KB , 600x600 , A9.png )
782229

>>782227
Uh, hi, my name is-

>The creature takes a swing at Charlotte, and she wastes no time jumping away from it. She averts her eyes and tries to stare at the ground while she thinks up her next move.

>>782226
I'll have to agree with that sentiment.

>COMBAT: Charlotte cannot look at the creatures in this world for prolonged periods of time. If her Anxiety Level goes above a certain point her heart will stop.
>>
No. 782230 ID: 398fe1

>>782229
Peck it! Or use a weapon if you've got one.

Do you have any items?
>>
No. 782231 ID: 143250

Got something you can throw at it? if so, throw something at it, and Run. If not, just run away.
>>
No. 782234 ID: 9145ba

Examine the creature's attack patterns carefully. Knowledge is power!
>>
No. 782235 ID: cc08c7
File 148782001307.png - (184.27KB , 600x600 , Abscond.png )
782235

>>782230
I don't think touching that thing is a good idea if just looking at it hurts. My pockets are empty!

>>782234
Until I have some way to look at it without feeling sick this isn't a good plan, I'll keep it in mind for the future though.

>>782231
>Charlotte wastes no more time, running away from the creature as it makes awful metallic noises behind her.
>>
No. 782238 ID: 143250

can you fly, or are you a flightless bird?

if not, keep running.
>>
No. 782239 ID: cc08c7
File 148782122975.png - (134.52KB , 600x600 , ASurpriseForCharlotte.png )
782239

>>782238
No, if I could fly I'd be doing it already!

>Charlotte keeps running as fast as her little legs will take her even with the sickening movements of the world around her, the sounds of the creature gaining on her getting louder as she struggles to keep going

Oh shit, oh shit it's getting closer what do I- wait what the hell.
>>
No. 782240 ID: 143250

Looks like a chest, but we don't have time to open chests @ the moment. Vault over it.
>>
No. 782241 ID: 3abd97

>>782239
Um. Well I guess open it.
>>
No. 782242 ID: 1c6e27

KICK chest to open
>>
No. 782248 ID: cc08c7
File 148782252723.png - (158.86KB , 600x600 , OhCrap.png )
782248

>>782240
>>782241
>>782242

>Charlotte decides to attempt all three suggestions in one go, aiming and swinging her leg up at the chest as she tries to jump over it. Without warning the chest opens the second she gets close enough and the items within appear in her pockets, the chest vanishing as she continues her flight over the dirt mound.

Oh shit.

*CUTSCENE*
>>
No. 782251 ID: cc08c7
File 148782267262.png - (150.03KB , 600x600 , OhCrap2.png )
782251

*CUTSCENE*
>>
No. 782252 ID: cc08c7
File 148782284966.png - (139.33KB , 600x600 , OhCrap3.png )
782252

>Charlotte feels like this plan could have gone a lot better.
>>
No. 782255 ID: ba506f

well you're still alive so get up keep running and see what you grabbed.
>>
No. 782256 ID: cc08c7
File 148782333346.png - (188.37KB , 600x600 , OhCrap4.png )
782256

>Charlotte's pursuer has also arrived
>>
No. 782258 ID: 7b7ab3

Run and check inventory.
>>
No. 782259 ID: cc08c7
File 148782393380.png - (180.67KB , 600x600 , HelpGet.png )
782259

>>782255

>Charlotte scrambles out of the dirt and checks her inventory. This chest in the middle of a strange void somehow held her anxiety medication. There's also a note with the pills:

"Congratulations Charlotte! You've been chosen to test out our new Anti-Anxiety medicine out of a long list of other eager patients! Please take as instructed and contact your doctor if something goes wrong."

>The note is signed with a smiley face as opposed to a proper signature.

The thing is getting closer, should I take a pill?
>>
No. 782268 ID: 143250

Throw pills in the monster's mouth, or hole.
>>
No. 782269 ID: 7b7ab3

>>782170
Can't think of a good reason not to.
>>
No. 782272 ID: ba506f

>>782259
...sure, why not
>>
No. 782273 ID: cc08c7
File 148782525272.png - (117.78KB , 600x600 , Gulp.png )
782273

>>782269
>>782272

>Charlotte takes one of the pills from the bottle

*CUTSCENE*
>>
No. 782274 ID: cc08c7
File 148782527547.png - (116.74KB , 600x600 , Gulp2.png )
782274

*CUTSCENE*
>>
No. 782275 ID: cc08c7
File 148782529969.png - (166.31KB , 600x600 , Gulp3.png )
782275

*CUSTSCENE*
>>
No. 782276 ID: cc08c7
File 148782536597.png - (164.78KB , 600x600 , Gulp4.png )
782276

*CUTSCENE*
>>
No. 782277 ID: cc08c7
File 148782538641.png - (266.27KB , 600x600 , Gulp5.png )
782277

*CUTSCENE*
>>
No. 782278 ID: cc08c7
File 148782546973.png - (308.65KB , 600x600 , Gulp6.png )
782278

. . . .
>>
No. 782279 ID: cc08c7
File 148782551375.png - (1.10KB , 600x600 , Hollow.png )
782279

. . . . .
>>
No. 782280 ID: cc08c7
File 148782559074.png - (11.69KB , 600x600 , Hollow2.png )
782280

What...
>>
No. 782281 ID: c5b9e4

>>782280
Become egg
>>
No. 782282 ID: 143250

Are you dead?
>>
No. 782283 ID: 7b7ab3

Describe surroundings.
>>
No. 782284 ID: cc08c7
File 148782650444.png - (61.72KB , 600x600 , Morning.png )
782284

What the hell just happened.

>Pausing for tonight, apologizing in advance if this was a giant mess.
>>
No. 782285 ID: ba506f

>>782284
bad dream I guess, whelp make yourself some food and see what you need to do for the day.
>>
No. 782287 ID: 7b7ab3

Inspect self for injury.
Examine room.
>>
No. 782290 ID: 91ee5f

>>782284
Apparently, you toss and turn in your sleep. And you fell out of bed.

Check yourself to make sure you're not hurt from the fall.
>>
No. 782291 ID: 398fe1

>>782284
Hang in there!
>>
No. 782301 ID: 9145ba

Just a flashback to the war. Time to hunker down in a bottle of whiskey again until the pain goes away.
>>
No. 782325 ID: 143250

The medication worked I guess. Where is your medication? we need to read the instructions.

Also, Make sure you look for side effects as you go about your day.
>>
No. 782694 ID: cc08c7
File 148798973942.png - (60.76KB , 600x600 , Morning2.png )
782694

>>782285
Crap. hang on...still a bit dizzy.

>>782287
Okay, I think there's a bump on my head but nothing super serious. I'm currently in MY ROOM complete with my MOTIVATIONAL SUPPORT POSTER.
>>
No. 782697 ID: cc08c7
File 148798993630.png - (61.50KB , 600x600 , Morning3.png )
782697

>>782301
Not funny dude. We don't joke about the war, and booze is nasty.
>>
No. 782698 ID: 96c896

>>782697
What's in your room? In your cabinet?
>>
No. 782699 ID: cc08c7
File 148799087171.png - (52.93KB , 600x600 , PillsHere.png )
782699

>>782698
It's still in my pocket. Lemme check the label:

"Anti-X Anxiety Medication, to help deal with the stress of daily life when it comes crashing down on your fragile mind. Take once daily. Do not mix with other medications. Side effects include-"

And the rest faded off, probably because I faceplanted when I got it. Great. I guess I'll just wait and see if anything else happens.
>>
No. 782701 ID: cc08c7
File 148799114447.png - (60.21KB , 600x600 , Morning4.png )
782701

>>782698
That'd be where I keep my CLOTHING and VARIOUS OTHER THINGS. Mostly clothes though.

Should I check anything else?
>>
No. 782705 ID: ba506f

check out the rest of your house?
>>
No. 782706 ID: 8e3fb5

Try to think, did you take a pill before your little trip. I'd hate to think you might have taken mare than the recommended amount on an experimental drug.
>>
No. 782715 ID: cc08c7
File 148799275360.png - (86.32KB , 600x600 , Morning5.png )
782715

>>782706
I remember getting home with the meds being super upset about something and then...I just kinda blacked out.

>>782705
Sure. Where to?

>Living Room
>Kitchen
>Bathroom
>>
No. 782716 ID: 8e3fb5

I'm feeling kitchen about now.
>>
No. 782721 ID: 143250

Kitchen. Call your boyfriend.
>>
No. 782726 ID: cc08c7
File 148799463681.png - (52.70KB , 600x600 , Kitchen.png )
782726

>>782716
Yeah makes sense.

>>782721
I don't have a boyfriend.

>Charlotte has entered the Kitchen
>>
No. 782727 ID: 8e3fb5

What are the two papers taped to your fridge about?
>>
No. 782728 ID: e22b1d

>I don't have a boyfriend.
What about a girlfriend?
>>
No. 782729 ID: ba506f

read notes on fridge, look for food, make something to eat, enjoy meal.
>>
No. 782731 ID: 143250

Call doctor. tell him you started hearing voices in your head after taking pills
>>
No. 782734 ID: cc08c7
File 148799559729.png - (52.76KB , 600x600 , KitchenBlush.png )
782734

>>782727
One of them looks like a list of emergency numbers, standard stuff. The other is my therapy art.

>>782731
I don't have a girlfriend either. It's not that I don't like either I'm just a mess right now.

>>782729
Which one first?
>>
No. 782739 ID: 143250

before reading letter, get a cool drink of water to calm yourself, then start with the letter on the left.
>>
No. 782740 ID: 383927

meal time first. Something simple and hot, like a quesadilla or other suitably easy/warm comfort food you enjoy
>>
No. 782745 ID: cc08c7
File 148799672793.png - (55.08KB , 600x600 , KitchenFood.png )
782745

>>782739
>>782740
Alright, I grabbed a glass of water and microwaved a mini-pizza pocket thing. I don't feel any more nervous than I did when I woke up though.
>>
No. 782746 ID: 96c896

>>782745
What's the note on the fridge say?
>>
No. 782747 ID: cc08c7
File 148799692274.png - (38.22KB , 600x600 , Call.png )
782747

>>782746
Like I said before, just the emergency numbers. Nothing weird.
>>
No. 782749 ID: 383927

I'm assuming a therapist or doctor prescribed your meds- can you call them to get more info on the side effects and tell them about the fucked up dream thing that just happened? Bc a medical professional probs needs to know about that
>>
No. 782750 ID: 8cb228

>>782749
Or you could call the local pharmacy, talk to the pharmacist! That could work, too!
>>
No. 782751 ID: cc08c7
File 148799726103.png - (26.65KB , 600x600 , Call2.png )
782751

>>782749
I think I have the doctor's number somewhere...oh duh, on the back.
>>
No. 782753 ID: 7b7ab3

Might want to report your... episode to the doctor.
>>
No. 782756 ID: cc08c7
File 148799794421.png - (55.25KB , 600x600 , KitchenThought.png )
782756

>>782750
I don't think we ever contacted a pharmacy about the pills, they came in the mail straight from the doctor. I feel like there was something really specific about the medication that did seem weird to me, but I can't entirely recall it.

>>782753
>Charlotte adds the phone list to her inventory

>Current Inventory: Letter, Anti-X, Phone Note.

I'll call them after I eat, I took the medicine so I should be good now. Should I look at my art before I eat this pizza pop?
>>
No. 782759 ID: 3373e2

Look at art a little before eating to let it cool a bit.
>>
No. 782761 ID: 143250

I have a feeling the picture on the fridge is that scribble monster you saw during your episode. best to throw it out and not look at it in case you freak out again...
>>
No. 782766 ID: cc08c7
File 148799821579.png - (53.67KB , 600x600 , KitchenThought2.png )
782766

>>782759
>>782761
I'm sure anything I drew can't be that-
>>
No. 782767 ID: cc08c7
File 148799823465.png - (130.21KB , 600x600 , ReachingForMe.png )
782767

...
>>
No. 782769 ID: 3373e2

Oh, well that is... peculiar, maybe we should just take that down or something.
>>
No. 782772 ID: 143250

Told you to throw it out. Get rid of it, get those bad thoughts away, and drink your water to calm nerves.
>>
No. 782776 ID: d79f26

flip it over, ponder why you drew it.
>>
No. 782779 ID: ba506f

probably should just turn that around so you don't have to look at it anymore, then get to your meal before it gets to cold
>>
No. 782780 ID: cc08c7
File 148799877307.png - (59.06KB , 600x600 , KitchenThoughtWhy.png )
782780

>>782769
>>782772
>Charlotte shoves the awful picture deep into her inventory where she hopes she'll never see it for a long time.

I can't destroy it. I'm supposed to keep these for therapy.

>>782776
I can't even remember drawing this one! I think I would've remembered making...whatever the living hell THAT was. I'm, just gonna eat my pizza pop and try not to choke on water while I contemplate what the hell I was thinking.

>Pausing for tonight. Will set up discussion thread with the schedule I have in mind shortly.
>>
No. 782782 ID: 143250

Peck at food
>>
No. 782786 ID: e22b1d

>I can't destroy it. I'm supposed to keep these for therapy.
I suppose that's smart.
>>
No. 782789 ID: 3373e2

Eat your Pizza Pocket before it gets cold, and just try to relax for a bit.
>>
No. 782831 ID: 1226ae

>>782780
Okay, uh....

Okay this is probably going to sound bad, so do not panic. If you are experiencing altered states of consciousness and episodes in which you draw things like.... that, and don't remember them, and have night terrors about horrible monsters, I suspect you are projecting your consciousness into other realms of existence.

On the bright side, the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of creatures on the 'other side' should simply be too alien to interact with or understand you, and are probably just as frightened of you as you are of them.

On the down side, you are experiencing altered states of consciousness and blackouts. Leave a message with your doctor right away.

In the mean time, the most essential thing is to do normal activities. As a long term sufferer of panic attacks and depression myself, the simplest way to alleviate them is to occupy your mind with something such as a videogame, or in the best case, the company of a friend or loved one.

Oh, and don't look in the mirror. Seriously, do not look in mirrors. The mind plays tricks on its own senses, and mirrors play tricks on the mind, so looking into any given mirror will make your anxiety spike. Trust me on this one, don't look at them at night, even as a joke.
>>
No. 782836 ID: 91ee5f

>>782780
After you eat your pizza pop, how about you eat some ice cream out of the freezer? Ice cream always makes everything better!
>>
No. 783663 ID: cc08c7
File 148833116095.png - (55.72KB , 600x600 , PizzaPop.png )
783663

>>782782
Oh please. I'm not a savage.

>>782789

FUCK YEAH PIZZA POP
>>
No. 783667 ID: cc08c7
File 148833193829.png - (49.88KB , 600x600 , MoreKitchen.png )
783667

>>782836
I don't have any ice cream right now. I'll have to buy some when I go out again. I have the glass of water though. I think I'll finish that and then decide on what to do next.

*Edit, forgot to remove notes from fridge*
>>
No. 783669 ID: cc08c7
File 148833225601.png - (60.47KB , 600x600 , Water.png )
783669

TIME TO GET HYDRATED.
>>
No. 783671 ID: 143250

Call doctor on what you witnessed, then shower.
>>
No. 783673 ID: cc08c7
File 148833318532.png - (62.62KB , 600x600 , LivingRoom.png )
783673

>>782831
I don't know about the things being scared of me when one was actively chasing me down and tried to strangle me, but you're right about doing normal stuff to calm down.

>>783671
Sounds like a plan.

>Charlotte has entered the Living Room
>>
No. 783674 ID: 9f3729

>>783673
Thats not the bathroom
>>
No. 783675 ID: 143250

Thats a picture of you on the right, correct? lets admire that for a bit, and remember the good times, give ourselves happy thoughts.
>>
No. 783676 ID: 143250

>>783674
Why would the phone be in the bathroom?
>>
No. 783678 ID: 398fe1

Alright just pick up that phone you can do it.
>>
No. 783679 ID: cc08c7
File 148833390136.png - (38.67KB , 600x600 , MoshiMoshi.png )
783679

>>783674
>>783676
I have to agree with the second voice. I'm calling the doctor before I go shower and stuff.

>Charlotte dials the number on the back of the note
>>
No. 783680 ID: cc08c7
File 148833421068.png - (38.76KB , 600x600 , MoshiMoshiPeep.png )
783680

>After a few minutes she hears a tired voice at the other end of the line.

"Hello. Welcome to the Happy Heathline. Would you like to speak to your medical professional?"

Uh yeah, I need to talk to Dr. Albert? Um, there's been a problem...

"Please hold."

Some really lame music is playing now. While I wait is there anyone else I should call after or should I just stick to the doctor call and worry about other stuff after my shower?
>>
No. 783681 ID: 143250

Depends. Lets wait and see what the doctor says before we call our parents about our issues. If he says it is serious, then we should let them be aware. If not, lets not worry them for something small just yet.
>>
No. 783684 ID: 92967f

Make today a "you" day.
No worries, no stress, no problems.
>>
No. 783689 ID: cc08c7
File 148833512487.png - (38.79KB , 600x600 , PhoneBirb1.png )
783689

>>783681
>>783684
Alright. Wait hang on:

"Hello? May I ask who's calling today?"

Uh, Dr. Albert? It's Charlotte. Um, I picked up my medication last night?

>Charlotte hears some papers shuffling on the other side of the phone and some grunting

"Hmmm lemme see. Ah yes, Charlotte. You were prescribed Anti-X correct?"

Yes. Um, I took one last night before bed and one this morning.

"This morning? Did something happen last night after your first dose?"

Do I come clean or try to word this in a way that won't come off as completely hysterical?
>>
No. 783694 ID: 143250

Kind of both. to the best of your abilities, recount as much as you can what had happened in a way that feels comfortable to you so you don't feel stressed talking about it.
>>
No. 783696 ID: 3373e2

Yea, lets worry about this a little later, one problem at a time.
>>
No. 783699 ID: bb8aba

Just tell him you had a vivid, terrifying hallucination that disoriented you to the point you had no recollection of having taken the first dose.
>>
No. 783705 ID: d252bb

>>783699
This.
Put emphasis on how you know it wasn't real but was still extremely upsetting.
>>
No. 783706 ID: cc08c7
File 148833609902.png - (38.44KB , 600x600 , PhoneBirb2.png )
783706

>>783694
>>783699
Um...I had a really bad dream I think, like I was in another place and I was really scared and uncomfortable.

"Oh dear. That's certainly not good. This was after you took the first pill?"

I think so. I can't...recall taking the first one at night, I remember getting upset and then having the dream. I woke up on the floor this morning and took my first proper dose.

(This is pretty close to the truth, not gonna say I took the pill in my dream, he'll think I'm sleep-popping the things.)

>Dr. Albert is quiet for a few minutes, Charlotte can hear him messing with his papers again and talking to himself before getting back on the phone.

"Well Charlotte I checked the bottle we keep on hand for reference purposes and vivid dreams are a possible side effect of missing doses. You may have taken one earlier than you thought and missed the one after. Do you need to visit me today and talk more about your dream?"

(Should I?)
>>
No. 783708 ID: 15a025

If you think it'll help, schedule a visit.
>>
No. 783709 ID: cc08c7
File 148833696968.png - (37.89KB , 600x600 , PhoneBirb3.png )
783709

>>783708

Yeah. I think I'll take that appointment.

"When can you come down? We're open all day."

I just have to shower and get dressed.

"Alright. Bring your prescription with you too please."

Alright.

(Anything else I should bring up?)
>>
No. 783711 ID: 143250

We should ask what other side effects are there, as that section is missing on your bottle.
>>
No. 783712 ID: b2c471

Do you have a car? ask if you should be driving.
>>
No. 783714 ID: cc08c7
File 148833774289.png - (39.72KB , 600x600 , PhoneBirb4.png )
783714

>>783711
(Good idea!)

Uh, before I forget. What are the other side effects?

"Hm. Just the normal kind for this sort of drug Charlotte. Some drowziness, minor dizziness. Nothing serious. We've had other patients who talked about the minor symptoms before and they've made great progress since then. I assure you the medication is completely safe, otherwise I wouldn't have given it to you, or anyone for that matter."

(He sounds super sincere. I think he's telling the truth.)
>>
No. 783722 ID: cc08c7
File 148833820131.png - (66.37KB , 600x600 , Peepmobile.png )
783722

>>783712
(My parents don't trust me with a car since I started having my panic attacks. It was also around the time Ms. Wilson had a panic attack herself and drove through the autumn parade in her pickup truck.)
>>
No. 783724 ID: 92967f

What's the best way for you to acquire a ride?
>>
No. 783726 ID: cc08c7
File 148833877182.png - (43.00KB , 600x600 , PhoneBirb5.png )
783726

>>783724
(I can just walk. I need the exercise anyways. The doctor's office isn't too far from my neighborhood.)

I think I'm good now doctor, I'm gonna go get ready for the appointment.

"Splendid. Don't forget your therapy artwork please. You should have put it on your fridge as we agreed at the last session."

(Oh fuck me I knew I forgot something. Guess I have no choice.)

Yeah I got it, don't worry. Uh, it's a bit...darker than normal.

"It takes more than 'dark' to phase me dear. Just remember to bring it and we can discuss it properly. See you soon!"

And he hung up. Great.

>Pausing for tonight, will update again tomorrow to make up for missed time yesterday
>>
No. 783740 ID: 143250

Is that a picture of you on the right?
>>
No. 783745 ID: 3373e2

Welp time to shower, then get ready for doing stuff.
>>
No. 783758 ID: e1be6f

Well time for shower.

Shlick furiously to relieve last of tension.
>>
No. 783764 ID: a0cb83

Ready up then.
>>
No. 783769 ID: 91ee5f

>>783726
>I need the exercise anyways.
But you're not fat! How can you need the exercise?!
>>
No. 783780 ID: 143250

>>783769
Maybe she wants to build up muscles.
>>
No. 783783 ID: 91ee5f

>>783780
.....seems legit.
>>
No. 783799 ID: ba506f

well I guess take a shower, get dressed into something that you haven't been wearing all night, and go for a light jog to see your doctor. should be fine.
>>
No. 783964 ID: cc08c7
File 148841979913.png - (57.76KB , 600x600 , UncleMike.png )
783964

>>783675
>>783740

>Charlotte examines the portrait

Oh god no that's Uncle Mike. I think it's a neat portrait so I keep it around. He always had these cool eyes.
>>
No. 783965 ID: f3ebad

>>783964
Handsome birb.
>>
No. 783967 ID: 143250

Has he been known to have anxiety like you?
>>
No. 783968 ID: cc08c7
File 148842010566.png - (63.10KB , 600x600 , BirbPositivity.png )
783968

>>783769
>>783780
>>783783

Hey! Just because I'm NOT fat doesn't mean I ever want to be! I'm...average! I'm average and totally fine with that!
>>
No. 783970 ID: cc08c7
File 148842035316.png - (62.95KB , 600x600 , RememberMike.png )
783970

>>783965
Uncle Mike was pretty nice looking yeah. At least here, they had to make him shave to paint this.

>>783967
Uncle Mike had his own issues. He told me he could see things once, but I promised to never tell my parents.
>>
No. 783971 ID: 15a025

>>783970
These things he could see wouldn't happen to be related to the things in your dream would they?
>>
No. 783972 ID: cc08c7
File 148842129627.png - (52.82KB , 600x600 , Bathroom.png )
783972

>>783971
Uncle Mike said he could see spirits and stuff. If I was seeing ghosts I wouldn't be as freaked out because at least then I'd know what I'm dealing with.

>>783745
>>783758

Alright. I won't be doing anything dirty though, not if you guys are watching! That's just weird.

>Charlotte has entered the Bathroom
>>
No. 783974 ID: 91ee5f

>>783972
But we're a part of you! There's nothing wrong with you watching yourself do something dirty! It's just a natural thing that everyone does!

Besides, what you're saying is that you close your eyes and stumble around blind every time you get in the shower. Doing that is considered weird!
>>
No. 783975 ID: 3abd97

>>783972
It's okay, if anything happens it'll probably happen in between panels and we'll miss it.

Plus there's a shower curtain.
>>
No. 783978 ID: cc08c7
File 148842216047.png - (51.68KB , 600x600 , FanserviceCensored.png )
783978

>>783974
>>783975

What were you guys talking about again?
>>
No. 783980 ID: 91ee5f

>>783978
Ok, don't panic, but someone stole your boobs!
>>
No. 783981 ID: ba506f

so where are your folks? work?
>>
No. 783982 ID: 3abd97

>>783978
Nice tits toots.
>>
No. 783983 ID: 143250

So you go to school. What is your major?
>>
No. 783984 ID: 655fa6

>>783978
Nekkid birb.
>>
No. 783985 ID: cc08c7
File 148842283136.png - (51.78KB , 600x600 , Wow.png )
783985

>>783980
>>783982

They have feathers covering them. They're not gone they're just not...ugh you guys are unbelievable.
>>
No. 783987 ID: 398fe1

>>783985
Well are you gonna take a shower or what?
>>
No. 783988 ID: cc08c7
File 148842319687.png - (45.06KB , 600x600 , Showering.png )
783988

>>783987
I'LL SHOWER LIKE YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE.

>Charlotte enters the shower and turns it on

>>783981
My parents live on the other side of town. I live in a little rental place right now. They don't trust me to drive but they trust me to live by myself.

>>783983
Uh, on break right now but I'm taking some art stuff and psychology. Ironically enough.
>>
No. 783992 ID: 3abd97

>>783985
Hey, that wasn't sarcasm. And if you can't count on your headvoices for harmless razzing, who can you?
>>
No. 783996 ID: 143250

Don't look now, but there are scratches on the mirror.
>>
No. 783999 ID: cc08c7
File 148842391874.png - (54.38KB , 600x600 , Showering2.png )
783999

>>783992
My Dad for one. Art professors are snarky assholes too. I have like, one friend who likes to mess with me too. You guys are just the latest in a batch of comedians.

>>783996

>Charlotte peeks out long enough to see the mirror and pop back in

That's just the steam covering the mirror, don't sweat it.
>>
No. 784001 ID: 3373e2

Either something is scratching the mirror or something is clawing the 4th wall and the mirror is reflecting it.
>>
No. 784002 ID: 3373e2

(Shit, I replied late, damn you for doing your quest so quickly.) Well then continue on with your shower, make sure to get behind the ears.
>>
No. 784003 ID: cc08c7
File 148842414451.png - (58.41KB , 600x600 , Showering3.png )
784003

>>784001
I already checked the mirror. It's fine, kind of a shitty design but other than that it's safe.
>>
No. 784004 ID: 91ee5f

>>784003
Oh, well, if you say soooooooOOOOOOH SHIT!!! ONE OF THOSE THINGS FROM YOUR DREAM IS IN THE MIRROR!!! DX

Hey, you in the mirror! Don't you know it's impolite to peek at a lady while she's taking a shower?! Get lost you pervert! D-:<
>>
No. 784006 ID: 143250

>>784004
Either that, or she drew on the steamed mirror a previous day, and it left a wing print drawing from the steam
>>
No. 784007 ID: 91ee5f

>>784004
You're lucky I'm just a voice in her head, otherwise I'd come over there and beat the shit out of you, you perverted mirror monster! D-:<
>>
No. 784009 ID: cc08c7
File 148842478504.png - (70.67KB , 600x600 , Showering4.png )
784009

>>784004
>>784006

WHAT!?

>Charlotte finishes her shower and rushes out to check the mirror
>>
No. 784013 ID: 143250

Got a cell phone? take a pic of that so we can show that doctor.
>>
No. 784014 ID: 9145ba

Oh wait, our mistake. That's just your junk reflecting in the mirror. And only your junk. Are you a vampire?
>>
No. 784015 ID: 9145ba

>>784013
Yes, you should definitely take a photograph of the bathroom mirror while standing there naked.
>>
No. 784016 ID: cc08c7
File 148842508660.png - (47.01KB , 600x600 , HaHaHelloThere.png )
784016

>>784013
>Charlotte stumbles over to the other side of the bathroom and grabs her barely charged cell phone.

Okay okay, I've got this. I've got it.

*CUTSCENE*
>>
No. 784017 ID: 398fe1

>>784009
Please tell me you see that smiley face.
>>
No. 784020 ID: 8cb228

Well shit. Eldritch horror in the mirror. Might wanna put a towel over it, ya?
>>
No. 784021 ID: cc08c7
File 148842541455.png - (89.76KB , 600x600 , StopHelpingHer.png )
784021

>>
No. 784023 ID: 8cb228

>>784020
Oh it went away and is now a smilie. Damn thing's fucking with you. Uhhhh... dunno how to catch it? Come up with something clever?
>>
No. 784024 ID: 3373e2

Well uh... it seems that whatever it is can paint in red, yea red paint, that's what that is.
>>
No. 784025 ID: 143250

>StopHelpingHer.png

What? why? She needs all the help she can get right now.
>>
No. 784026 ID: 3abd97

>StopHelpingHer
No.

Stop harassing her.
>>
No. 784028 ID: cc08c7
File 148842592473.png - (88.54KB , 600x600 , HAHAHAHAHAHA.png )
784028

>Charlotte backs away from the mirror
>Charlotte's Anxiety has increased drastically

>TRAPS: Creatures from the other world will sometimes create situations to force Charlotte into having an Anxiety Attack. If a creature is spotted manipulating the real world it is wise to ignore it and deal with the creature another time.
>>
No. 784030 ID: 8cb228

>>784023
Oh hell now it's fucking with you worse. Well it's not JUST a smilie. Well, still wanna drape a towel over the thing, we'll come up with some longer term countermeasures later!
>>
No. 784031 ID: 143250

Now you tell us.

Close your eyes, count to ten, deep breaths.
>>
No. 784033 ID: 8cb228

Okay. Good news. Lots of cultures have countermeasures for weird spirit stuff. Other good news: most of that stuff, you can find in the spice section of the local supermarket. It also smells nice! Garlic, onion, etc., but seriously, LOTS of other herbs are wards.
>>
No. 784034 ID: 398fe1

>>784028
...well, at least now we know something's going on. Did you finish your shower? Do finish, I don't think you're in any physical danger.
>>
No. 784035 ID: cc08c7
File 148842640398.png - (88.05KB , 600x600 , LOOKATME.png )
784035

>>784031
>Charlotte closes her eyes and tries to breathe deep

One, two, three, four...
>>
No. 784036 ID: cc08c7
File 148842652346.png - (85.03KB , 600x600 , STOPIGNORINGME.png )
784036

Five...Six....Seven.....Eight....
>>
No. 784038 ID: cc08c7
File 148842664451.png - (78.57KB , 600x600 , IllFuckingKillYou.png )
784038

Nine...

>Charlotte's Anxiety Level has stopped raising, it's slowly beginning to level back out
>>
No. 784039 ID: 398fe1

>>784038
Ten!

Did you finish your shower?
>>
No. 784040 ID: cc08c7
File 148842685256.png - (66.54KB , 600x600 , Showering11.png )
784040

Ten.

>Charlotte relaxes herself, the steam from the finished shower and the counting having controlled a potential disaster.

You guys are right. I'm covering that stupid mirror up.

>Paused for tonight.
>>
No. 784042 ID: 3abd97

>LOOKATME
>STOPIGNORINGME
>IllFuckingKillYou
Go fuck yourself, you impotent bully.

>>784040
There you go. Let's get out of here and get dressed.
>>
No. 784045 ID: 143250

Glad we got you out of that anxiety attack before you got dressed. That would have been awkward wandering around naked and unconscious on where you were going.

yeah, get dressed, bring your phone, your phone charger, and a water bottle, and get to the doc
>>
No. 784046 ID: 91ee5f

>>784040
I would offer to give you a hug, but since I'm just a voice in your head, I don't think that's going to happen.
>>
No. 784048 ID: 8cb228

Hi, uh, one of the voices which called out the...event. Uhm. I'm sorry for mentioning it, bringing your attention to it. That was a mistake. I'd sing a soothing musical apology, but I can't hold a tune in a bucket!
>>
No. 784129 ID: ba506f

well... uh... guess that's over then. Get dress and head down to the doc and see what he has to say.
>>
No. 784213 ID: 15a025

Hop back into the shower and finish if you haven't. Otherwise dry off and get ready to head on out.
>>
No. 784942 ID: cc08c7
File 148867870209.png - (53.93KB , 600x600 , Showering12.png )
784942

>>784045
Oh Jesus you're right. That's literally the last thing I need today.
>>
No. 784952 ID: cc08c7
File 148867899262.png - (53.63KB , 600x600 , DoneShowering.png )
784952

>>784042
>>784129
>>784213

>Charlotte plugs her charger into the wall and lets her phone get some juice as she gets dressed

Alright. All ready I guess. Covered up the mirror with a sheet too.

>Phone and charger added to inventory
>>
No. 784959 ID: cc08c7
File 148867960238.png - (72.14KB , 600x600 , RingRingRing.png )
784959

>Charlotte is on her way out the door when suddenly

*RING RING RING*
>>
No. 784964 ID: 9145ba

That landscape painting looks like a closeup of a monster's face.

There was never a tarp draped over your grandma in that photograph before...

Let's face it, everything even vaguely rectangular in this house is out to get you.
>>
No. 784967 ID: 9876c4

All interior design advice to the side, answer the phone.
>>
No. 784969 ID: 143250

Wait, check the caller id first. If it is no one you recognize, let the answering machine get it.
>>
No. 784972 ID: cc08c7
File 148868011928.png - (38.46KB , 600x600 , ItsThePhoneAgain.png )
784972

>>784964
The landscape is a classic. "They're Just Hills Man". That's the picture of Uncle Mike and it always looks kinda dark from far away. I'm more worried about-

*RING RING RING*

...who's calling me.

>>784969
It's styled after a stupid old rotary kinda phone, so caller ID wasn't in the plan.

>>784967
...hello?
>>
No. 784973 ID: cc08c7
File 148868033779.png - (37.97KB , 600x600 , ItsThePhoneAgain2.png )
784973

"HONEY!? ARE YOU OKAY?"

(Oh crap. It's Mom.)

Hey Mom, uh, I'm fine?

"You left looking really upset, we were worried you were having one of your episodes!"

(I'm slowly starting to remember why I was upset last night.)

Mom I'm...okay, it was just a little one.

(You think she'll buy that? Should I just be honest?)
>>
No. 784975 ID: 550a81

>Should I just be honest?
She's your mom, dude. She wants to take care of you.
>>
No. 784977 ID: 143250

Tell her you had an episode, but you are seeing the doctor about it soon, so there is nothing to worry about.
>>
No. 784978 ID: 3abd97

>>784973
Mom, I'm okay. My dreams were kind of fucked up last night, but I'm okay now, and I've got a doctor's appointment.
>>
No. 784979 ID: cc08c7
File 148868082956.png - (38.34KB , 600x600 , ItsThePhoneAgain3.png )
784979

>>784975
(I don't want my Mom to think I'm going completely insane. It's bad enough she thinks I'm nuts already.)

>>784977
>>784978
I just had a small attack and some bad dreams, I'm going to talk to a doctor about it today?

"Charlotte, did you forget to take the medicine last night?"

No! The doctor told me it was just a little side effect from it! Honest!

>Charlotte's Anxiety raises slightly
>>
No. 784982 ID: 8cb228

She's your mom. Be honest. She cares about you. That doesn't mean share the details of the attack, necessarily. Being honest does include things like, 'I'm not comfortable telling you the details of what I saw in the attack, I'll tell my doctor, I've got an appointment.' It's not even a lie of omission. Ultimately, it's up to you.
>>
No. 784983 ID: 398fe1

>>784979
Tell your mom you really don't want to talk about it.
>>
No. 784986 ID: 0b99d7

>>784979
thank her for checking up on you, but you've had the medicine and are going to talk with the doctor too, you've got a good hold of the situation for now
>>
No. 784992 ID: cc08c7
File 148868185882.png - (51.68KB , 600x600 , NeverNeverNever.png )
784992

>>784982
>>784983

I..I'm just not comfortable talking about it right now.

"Oh god Charlotte, did you black out on the way home again?"

>>784986
NO. I took the medicine and I'm talking to a doctor about it TODAY. I told you that would never happen AGAIN.

>Charlotte's Anxiety has increased
>She struggles to control her breathing a bit as she finishes the call.

Th-thanks for checking up on me b-but I'm fine...
>>
No. 784993 ID: 3abd97

Get off the phone ASAP. Your Mom means well, but her worrying is only setting you off.

Then start counting. Do your calming exercise.
>>
No. 784995 ID: 8cb228

Do your breathing and backwards counting exercise. Did they train you on any other meditative exercises? Like grounding and centering, and other visualization or semi-spiritual exercises? Try one of those.
>>
No. 784996 ID: 15a025

Close your eyes, deep breath, head on out.
>>
No. 784997 ID: 550a81

You're cooking something and it's burning, so you've to get off the phone.
>>
No. 785001 ID: 9145ba

SLAM that receiver down. Who does she think she is, your mother?
>>
No. 785005 ID: cc08c7
File 148868278981.png - (38.53KB , 600x600 , SheHatesMe.png )
785005

"...okay honey. Tell the doctor I said hi."

>Charlotte's Mom hangs up, Charlotte takes some deep breaths and tries to calm herself again.
>>
No. 785008 ID: cc08c7
File 148868357122.png - (27.58KB , 600x600 , calm.png )
785008

Okay...I'm done here. I'm going out.
>>
No. 785009 ID: cc08c7

>Pausing for tonight, I also know I forgot to switch my name back for the update so sorry for that too. Hopefully I'll be less of a mess on Monday.
>>
No. 785011 ID: b412df

The counting exercise is pretty good. So, time to head out? We don't know the area so, what's this town/city/place like?
>>
No. 785012 ID: 143250

Things are fine. She doesn't hate you, otherwise she would not have called. anyway, don't forget your house keys, and lock the door on your way out.
>>
No. 785013 ID: 91ee5f

I've been meaning to ask, where are your arms? How were you holding that phone? Are you arms invisible or something?
>>
No. 785017 ID: fd9ea2

>>785008
I have to ask. Do you count prime numbers?
>>
No. 785018 ID: 9876c4

>>785013
You hold a phone like that in the crook of your neck.

With a hoodie it's even easier.
>>
No. 785019 ID: 3373e2

She was just checking if you were alright, a nice action even if it did have unforeseen consequences.
>>
No. 785845 ID: cc08c7
File 148893532706.png - (66.89KB , 600x600 , MainStreet.png )
785845

>>785011
>>785012

>Charlotte exits her home and walks down the street, stopping when she's calmed herself enough to reply

The city is basically like any city other than how it's laid out. I always lock the door before I go out, I might be crazy, but I'm not stupid.
>>
No. 785850 ID: cc08c7
File 148893560868.png - (66.40KB , 600x600 , MainStreet2.png )
785850

>>785013
My arms are in the same place everyone else's arms are. Where else would they be?

>>785019
She probably wanted me to blow up even more so she could commit me. I don't like talking to my Mom.
>>
No. 785854 ID: ba506f

so what's your neighborhood like?
>>
No. 785855 ID: 143250

enjoy your walk
>>
No. 785856 ID: cc08c7
File 148893611412.png - (70.53KB , 600x600 , MainStreet3.png )
785856

>>785854
It's really quiet. The housing area circles around the entire city like a ring-

"Lemme just...oh crap LOOK OUT!!"
>>
No. 785857 ID: b3b7b7

>>785850
Hm. Well. Might come back to that later. Maybe. Wonder if there's any chill spots roind this burg.
>>
No. 785861 ID: cc08c7
File 148893672378.png - (69.34KB , 600x600 , MainStreet4.png )
785861

>>785859
>I don't think reaction images are allowed on Quest boards friend.

Wait wha- WHOA.

>Charlotte barely avoids what easily could have been a concussion or worse.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry holy crap are you okay!?"
>>
No. 785865 ID: ba506f

see who dropped it

"I'm ok"
>>
No. 785866 ID: cc08c7
File 148893718642.png - (69.13KB , 600x600 , MainStreet5.png )
785866

YES. I'M FINE. JUST TRYING NOT TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK THANKS.

>Charlotte's Anxiety increases slightly as she looks up to see who almost killed her.

(Oh god of course.)
>>
No. 785870 ID: 143250

Judging by your reaction, I assume it is someone you are not too fond of. Tell them you have no time to chit chat as you have somewhere to be so we can avoid talking to them.
>>
No. 785873 ID: ba506f

so who is it then? sounds like you know them.
>>
No. 785876 ID: cc08c7
File 148893844611.png - (41.66KB , 600x600 , Clancy.png )
785876

>>785870
>>785873

(Clancy Charles. Local handyman and all around klutz. The man is a walking disaster with the grace of an elephant stampede but his work is just good enough to keep him employed.)

"Oh jesus Charlotte I'm sorry! It was an accident I swear!"
>>
No. 785877 ID: b3b7b7

>>785876
Le sigh. Welp. No harm, no foul, I guess... No need to waste much time on this guy, just keep going.
>>
No. 785878 ID: e8303c

...How in gods name did he get up there?!?
>>
No. 785880 ID: ba506f

don't worry about it, just say it's ok and go about your way. Don't want to distract him while he's working.
>>
No. 785881 ID: 3abd97

>>785876
Come on man, tether your tools. Or at least shout a warning if you drop something!
>>
No. 785882 ID: cc08c7
File 148893902527.png - (41.46KB , 600x600 , Clancy2.png )
785882

>>785877
It's okay Clancy, but I have to go now I have a doctor's appointment.

"Oh. You gonna vist Dr. Albert today?"

Yeah. Had a bad night.

"Aw shucks if that ain't the worst. Been havin' a rough time myself."

>>785878
Wait Clancy, how'd you get up there?

"I climbed."
>>
No. 785884 ID: 7b7ab3

>>785882
...how were you planning on getting down?
>>
No. 785885 ID: b3b7b7

>>785884
Presumably very carefully.
>>
No. 785889 ID: 398fe1

>>785882
Tell him he needs a safety harness.
>>
No. 785890 ID: cc08c7
File 148893939483.png - (41.40KB , 600x600 , Clancy3.png )
785890

>>785881
Clancy why aren't you using your tool belt or something if you're working up there?

"I uh...lost it."

You lost your tool belt? As in, the big belt with all the stuff on it that's super heavy and hard to lose?

"Uh-huh, that's the one!"

>>785884
How are you gonna get down?

"Gonna climb back down of course!"

>>785880
(Unless anyone else has something to ask Mr. Perfect here I'd agree with this course of action.)
>>
No. 785891 ID: 3abd97

>>785890
Well be more carefully, silly moose!
>>
No. 785892 ID: 7b7ab3

>>785890
Well, gotta get going. Good luck, Clancy Charles. Lord knows you're gonna need it.
>>
No. 785896 ID: 143250

I'd say throw his hammer back to him, but seeing as he doesn't have a safety harness, might be a bad idea if you accidentally hit him in the head.
>>
No. 785898 ID: cc08c7
File 148894021725.png - (68.30KB , 600x600 , MainStreet6.png )
785898

>>785891
Well be careful okay? Don't wanna break the other antler...or your back.

"I'll be careful!"

(Famous last words.)

>>785892
Gotta go before Dr. Albert thinks I forgot to visit. Good luck with whatever you were doing up there.

"Charlotte you know I don't need luck! I'm the luckiest guy around!"

(I'd argue this point but considering he still has a job he might be right there.)

>>785896
You uh, want me to throw the hammer back up?

"Naw I was about to go on break anyways. You have fun at the doctor's Charlotte!"

(He's a keeper alright.)
>>
No. 785902 ID: 143250

If you're still feeling anxious, tweet a song to calm yourself, like that one song you heard on the radio the other day.
>>
No. 785904 ID: ba506f

he seems nice enough at least. Better then living next to some asshole
>>
No. 785906 ID: cc08c7
File 148894101253.png - (60.64KB , 600x600 , MainStreet7.png )
785906

>>785904
Yeah. He's a mess though, just not the same kind of mess as me.

>>785902
>Charlotte tries to whistle to herself as she continues down the street
>>
No. 785908 ID: cc08c7
File 148894117726.png - (61.35KB , 600x600 , TrashyGirl.png )
785908

Something feels kinda off.
>>
No. 785909 ID: ba506f

so possibly racist and completely question but are you a better sing then your average joe because you're a bird or am I just talking out my ass? Also if that question was racist then I apologize and admit that I am a massive dumb ass.
>>
No. 785911 ID: b3b7b7

>>785906
This has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but can you blow a bubble gum bubble?
>>
No. 785912 ID: 143250

Whats off is that you are not pacing yourself as you walk. try speed walking. Count your steps. 1,2,3,4 1,2,3,4.
>>
No. 785914 ID: 8cb228

Increase your speed to a fast jog.
>>
No. 785915 ID: 143250

>>785914
Thats good exercise, but really, I think speed walking is fine. Can't be all sweaty when we're at the docs, right?
>>
No. 785918 ID: cc08c7
File 148894158470.png - (45.54KB , 600x600 , MainStreet8.png )
785918

>>785909
I dunno, never really noticed a difference between bird and anything else singing.

>>785911
I usually don't bother with gum. Just not my candy.

>>785912
Uh okay.

>Charlotte counts as she walks away from the scene

"...interesting."
>>
No. 785921 ID: 143250

So Charlotte, what is the doctor like? what animal is he?
>>
No. 785923 ID: cc08c7
File 148894202720.png - (62.34KB , 600x600 , MainStreet9.png )
785923

Alright, we're finally at the doctor's office and I'm sure my legs are gonna kill me if I run back home like that again.

>>785921
Uh, a gazelle? I think? Some kinda deer or something. I don't usually ask people what they are, that's stuff you kinda just put on medical records.
>>
No. 785926 ID: 143250

Well, go in, sign in, and sit in. Just make sure you sit away from anyone contagious.
>>
No. 785927 ID: cc08c7
File 148894256321.png - (62.02KB , 600x600 , MainStreet10.png )
785927

>>785926
He's not that kinda doctor, but if anyone is physically sick in there I'll be sure to avoid them.
>>
No. 785928 ID: cc08c7
File 148894264078.png - (46.29KB , 600x600 , MainStreet11.png )
785928

>Charlotte enters the Doctor's Office and closes the door behind her
>>
No. 785930 ID: cc08c7
File 148894286358.png - (48.50KB , 600x600 , TimeToPlay.png )
785930

>Pausing for tonight. Will try to update again tomorrow.
>>
No. 785954 ID: 143250

Well, here you are at the reception desk. sign in so you can sit and rest those legs.
>>
No. 785958 ID: 1226ae

>>785930
I have a good feeling about this appointment!
>>
No. 785960 ID: 143250

>>785958
:P
>>
No. 786036 ID: 79a07e

I wonder. I know it'd be unexpected (and contrary to the point of the quest), but it'd be cool if she could...I dunno, channel this somehow. Wouldn't be good for her heart, though.
>>
No. 786688 ID: cc08c7
File 148928373675.png - (55.76KB , 600x600 , DrAlbert.png )
786688

>Charlotte enters the office of Dr. Albert and lays down on the little couch in the corner. Dr. Albert wastes no time pushing his chair close and looking down at her

"Hello Charlotte. How are you today?"

I'm...
>>
No. 786690 ID: 9876c4

...secretly a ninja. Now you know too much.
>>
No. 786692 ID: 7b7ab3

...kinda wishing I was playing Breath of the Wild right now.
>>
No. 786694 ID: ba506f

...A little stressed and confused.
>>
No. 786696 ID: cc08c7
File 148928477124.png - (56.21KB , 600x600 , DrAlbert2.png )
786696

>>786690
>>786692
>Charlotte gulps before responding

Wishing I was a ninja playing video games right now.

"Interesting. The ninja part at least. I understand these meetings can be quite stressful so the part about playing games is understandable for someone your age."

>Dr. Albert pulls out a notepad and starts scribbling things down.

Actually yeah...I'm a bit stressed out and confused this morning.

"You had a little incident last night?"
>>
No. 786697 ID: 398fe1

>>786696
Yeah you had a vision where some weird screechy monster attacked you and you had to take an anti-anxiety pill inside the vision to make it go away.
>>
No. 786698 ID: ba506f

yeah, had bit of a weird dream last night. Not really sure how to explain it. At first I felt like I was drowning in colors. Just a flood of colors surrounded me and I couldn't see anything else or breath and my heart felt like it was going to explode. After that I was in some kind of barren land scape that looked like nothing I would find on earth but before I could take in the sights some kind of thorn monster started chasing me. It nearly got me before I found a chest and ripped it open and found the piles you gave me inside. I took some, the monster grabbed me and then I woke up.
>>
No. 786702 ID: cc08c7
File 148928582326.png - (57.22KB , 600x600 , DrAlbert3.png )
786702

>>786697
>>786698

I...I had a dream where I was in this place that made me feel really scared and sick, and this thing was there, and it attacked me, and I took the meds and then I woke up on the floor.

>Dr. Albert puts down the notepad for a moment and looks down at Charlotte before pulling it back up and scribbling again

"Hm. Well like I said over the phone missing doses are a possible cause of a sort of brain shock. You're still adjusting to the medication so forgetting to take the daily dose might be having detrimental effects on your sleep, and in this case your dreams. Did something happen last night that set off your panic attacks before bed?"

Well...

A)Tell the truth.
B)Try to sugarcoat it.
C)Lie.
>>
No. 786705 ID: 7b7ab3

A. Just let it out.
>>
No. 786706 ID: 3abd97

If you want to get actual relevant help, and not just waste your time, it has to be A.
>>
No. 786708 ID: fc33ea

Don't forget to mention the full-on hallucinations this morning.
>>
No. 786709 ID: 652291

A. Mention us too--we're hallucinations too, right? Albeit mostly helpful ones. It's all relevant, is it not?
>>
No. 786710 ID: cc08c7
File 148928695666.png - (90.18KB , 600x600 , HeKnows.png )
786710

>>786705
>>786706

(Oh god. I really don't want to talk about this but I have no choice...)

I got in a fight with Mom about...the incident.

"You mean your breakdown? Charlotte we talked about this before, what happened wasn't your fault."

She said I shouldn't be by myself because I might hurt someone again, and that I was crazy and needed to be locked up.

"Charlotte I spoke with your Mother this morning, we both know she'd never say that to you. We talked about this when you signed up for the program."

>Charlotte's Anxiety Level is rising
>>
No. 786711 ID: 9f3729

>>786710
Think about dicks. Throbbing tasty dongs. Replace your anxiety with the Thirst.

Then realize you're projecting your views onto the situation and need to cut that out to get the proper help you need. Remember, they only want to help, and your brain is trying to be like "No, I don't want it!" Don't let your busted brain win against the common sense trying to tug the reigns away from the precipice!

Also, fat juicy cock.
>>
No. 786712 ID: 7b7ab3

Stop.
Take a minute.
Close your eyes.
Breathe.
>>
No. 786713 ID: cc08c7
File 148928741766.png - (223.68KB , 600x600 , PlaytimeAgain.png )
786713

>>786711
I w-want...

"Charlotte. Charlotte are you okay? What's wrong?"
>>
No. 786714 ID: 3abd97

I... need a minute please.

Start counting to yourself, until you've calmed down.
>>
No. 786716 ID: fc33ea

I had hallucinations this morning. Something written in the mirror.
>>
No. 786717 ID: b412df

Charlotte, focus. Your doctor is in front of you, asking you questions, that is all that is happening.

How long have you been seeing Dr. Albert for help? (Trying to go for recalling facts to bring her back into reality. Dunno if it'll work.)

>>786711
Bad headvoice, shush. We're trying to help her, not give her intrusive thoughts at a bad time.
>>
No. 786719 ID: cc08c7
File 148928820078.png - (196.72KB , 600x600 , WannaSeeSomethingFunny.png )
786719

>>786714
>>786717
>Charlotte struggles to control her breathing as the horrible thoughts in her mind slowly begin to fade a bit

Don't wanna talk about it. I don't wanna talk about what happened I just want it to go away...!

"Alright Charlotte, just breathe in, and out. Relax, we won't talk about that today."

(Something is still wrong but I can't tell what...)
>>
No. 786721 ID: 398fe1

>>786710
Hey, your mom didn't actually say that stuff. That's just stuff you think she was thinking.

>>786719
Tell him you're hallucinating, and paying attention to the hallucinations makes you panic. Or maybe it's the other way around?
>>
No. 786722 ID: 3abd97

>>786719
Again, ask for a minute, and start counting until your anxiety is down.
>>
No. 786725 ID: fc33ea

I think the waking hallucinations are the more important thing.

Also, why the hell are you here if he won't hear you out?
>>
No. 786726 ID: cc08c7
File 148928872473.png - (56.39KB , 600x600 , IWonderWhatsPlaying.png )
786726

>>786721
(She...She did...though!)

>>786722
>Charlotte closes her eyes
>>
No. 786727 ID: cc08c7
File 148928903536.png - (77.90KB , 600x600 , MyFavouriteShow.png )
786727

No...this is...!
>>
No. 786729 ID: 143250

Aw crude, don't want to see that. open your eyes again.
>>
No. 786730 ID: cc08c7
File 148928917785.png - (77.98KB , 600x600 , HereComesTheBestPart.png )
786730

I-I can't open my eyes..! I don't want to see this!
>>
No. 786731 ID: 143250

call out the doctor for help, quick.
>>
No. 786732 ID: cc08c7
File 148928947358.png - (86.86KB , 600x600 , OhNoLookOut.png )
786732

>>786731
D-Dr. Albert- H-
>>
No. 786733 ID: 70983e

Rise and shine, doctor Freebird!
>>
No. 786734 ID: b412df

You locked the door when you left earlier right? (Please, something non sequitur better take her mind of this)
>>
No. 786735 ID: cc08c7
File 148928973683.png - (165.63KB , 600x600 , AHAHAHAHAHA.png )
786735

"Charlotte!? What are you doing!? Stop it! You're being weird! Hey, no, put that down!"

S-Someone...!

"SOMEBODY! ANYBODY!-"
>>
No. 786736 ID: 70983e

Ctrl+Z. Remember to use a new layer this time.
>>
No. 786737 ID: cc08c7
File 148929008074.png - (85.57KB , 600x600 , anythingbutcalm.png )
786737

I didn't....mean to....
>>
No. 786739 ID: 143250

Let it all out. don't let it pent up inside you. We all need a good cry now and then. The doc is here for you, after all.
>>
No. 786740 ID: cc08c7
File 148929025735.png - (86.67KB , 600x600 , oh.png )
786740

...oh no.
>>
No. 786743 ID: 143250

you're in the other world again, aren't you?
>>
No. 786744 ID: cc08c7
File 148929043623.png - (95.41KB , 600x600 , Round2.png )
786744

>Charlotte is suddenly in someplace very familiar.

>Pausing for tonight, thank you all for your patience.
>>
No. 786746 ID: fc33ea

Do you know who it was you attacked?
>>
No. 786748 ID: 7b7ab3

It's possible that you've been possessed by a demon or a ghost or some other malicious entity.
You never know, right?
>>
No. 788293 ID: 8cb228

Well, shit. It's going to be super hard to determine the percentage 'base reality', the percentage 'extra-dimensional interference', and the percentage 'brain-derived hallucination'.

Alright. Well, there's nothing for it: you have to act as if your senses are telling you the truth for the most part, assign probabilities based on prior experiences to a given phenomena being a hallucination (and act accordingly, while allowing for the penalty of behaving incorrectly, given a false positive), while simultaneously checking for chances to drill down to a more objective form of reality.

Look around, get your bearings, try to identify what's around you, see what mobility and faculties you have. What's your emotional state, do the things you see seem to have a greater than normal emotional impact than they otherwise should?
>>
No. 788330 ID: 79a07e

>>788293
Maybe you should dumb that down a bit?
>>
No. 788352 ID: 8cb228

>>788330
You can take a swing at it if you want. Complexity, methodology, framework, ritual... it provides structure and control.
>>
No. 788746 ID: f1c749

>>788330
OK, so. You have your usual reality here, right? Now imagine there's a part of it that's made up of anxiety-induced hallucinations. We don't know which is which, or what the ratio of reality:hallucination is.
Now add something else that can manipulate reality, our reality, and is actively fucking with us. Now, we don't know if this is a third party, or is it just another part of our psyche that's messing with itself - and suddenly what's real and what's not gets cloudy.
What you need to do is take one thing that you believe is real, the realest of the real, and remember that it's real. This is grounding yourself in reality. Remember this knowledge, for this will be your shield. Once you're grounded, make more 'anchors' like that - and watch when they're different. Once you know the enemy, it no longer gives anxiety to you, because you know what that is. Just an interdimensional troll trying to agitate you because it wants into our reality by way of your anxiety. So don't be anxious. Be something else. Be angry, be rational, be ignorant, be something else than anxiety.
>>
No. 788858 ID: cc08c7
File 148996637945.png - (156.43KB , 600x600 , TimeForTherapy.png )
788858

>>786746
It was a girl from my school. I don't even remember why it happened, it just did and I don't want to think about it again.

>>786748
I kind of hope this is the case...part of me worries I might just be crazy though.
>>
No. 788860 ID: 143250

Give yourself a good cry, and apologize to that rabbit on the sofa. She may not forgive you, but at least you can show you are generally sorry.
>>
No. 788861 ID: 8cc2df

>>788858
>part of me worries I might just be crazy
Crazy people don't know they're crazy.
>>
No. 788862 ID: 143250

If you are depressed you are living in the past.
If you are anxious you are living in the future.
If you are at peace you are living in the present.
-Lao Tzu

perhaps you are more depressed than you are anxious?
>>
No. 788863 ID: ba506f

so what do you have on you right now? Do you still have your pills, do you have anything else you had on you other then your sweater? Or do we need to find some chest again?
>>
No. 788865 ID: 143250

All I can say before I go to work for now: don't take drugs here, we don't want to overdose, and don't attack anyone, in case we affect the real world and hurt anyone by accident.
>>
No. 788866 ID: cc08c7
File 148996750013.png - (155.55KB , 600x600 , Pathetic.png )
788866

>>788860
>Charlotte approaches the figure on the twisted therapist's couch and starts crying

Oh god I'm so sorry...I'm so so sorry, I didn't want this, I really didn't...!

>Charlotte's anxiety stops rising but doesn't lower.
>>
No. 788867 ID: cc08c7
File 148996790437.png - (161.32KB , 600x600 , EnoughOfThisShit.png )
788867

>>788861
>>788862
I...I don't know. I don't know what's wrong with me anymore. None of this is right.

>>788863
>Charlotte checks her inventory. She still has all of the items she had before waking up in this place again. It seems her inventory will remain the same between this place and the normal world.
>>
No. 788871 ID: b412df

Ok, time to find a way out of here. Let's get going?

(I dunno if we're suppose to avoid drawing her attention to the monsters here vs the real world, but the figure on the couch looks different. We need to move.)
>>
No. 788872 ID: ba506f

well you should probably start moving and try and find a way out of here.
>>
No. 788873 ID: 398fe1

>>788867
Time to get moving. Go off to the right this time.
>>
No. 788875 ID: 398fe1

...oh, you still have the anti-X. You could take a pill right away instead of exploring this nonsense.
>>
No. 788877 ID: 70983e

Equip crowbar. No sense wandering off unarmed.
>>
No. 788878 ID: 3abd97

If it's any consolation, you don't know that any of what you just saw was real. It might be your hallucinations fucking with you.
>>
No. 788879 ID: cc08c7
File 148996918812.png - (169.86KB , 600x600 , StopRunningFromMeBitch.png )
788879

>>788871
>>788872
>>788873
>>788875

>As Charlotte goes to check her bottle of pills she suddenly realizes something is very wrong, and it might be too late to run. The crowbar in the face of the corpse is glowing slightly.
>>
No. 788883 ID: 70983e

If you pay it no attention, it won't harm you. That's how this works. No sense questioning it, that just makes it stop working. Ya gotta think Orky!
>>
No. 788885 ID: 15a025

We can't keep running forever, try and yank the crowbar out of the corpse and defend yourself.
>>
No. 788890 ID: 8cb228

Yea, a crowbar can be used to block and defensively. Equip it. Don't wield it threateningly, but as warding, like with two hands, like a very short staff.
>>
No. 788893 ID: cc08c7
File 148997064869.png - (172.32KB , 600x600 , HAHAHABRINGIT.png )
788893

>>788877
>>788885


....

>Charlotte shakes a bit but decides she's done running from this thing, as far as she knows she's probably going to be put away in an institution regardless of whether these are hallucinations or some horrible monster. She takes a chance to rip the crowbar from the face of the monster.
>>
No. 788894 ID: cc08c7
File 148997071237.png - (432.84KB , 600x600 , GETOFF.png )
788894

Oh crap oh crap touching it hurts ow ow ow fuck come on get loose already..!!!
>>
No. 788899 ID: 70983e

Grab it by the handle, not the pointy bit! Silly bird.
>>
No. 788900 ID: cc08c7
File 148997169048.png - (212.88KB , 600x600 , PISSOFF.png )
788900

>Charlotte takes her moment flying backwards through the air to reflect on her choices up to this point and wonder if maybe she could've taken the crowbar before the monster transformed.

>Charlotte's anxiety has increased from touching the creature, but she has also gained the Mental Crowbar.
>>
No. 788901 ID: 3abd97

>>788900
Book it.
>>
No. 788903 ID: cc08c7
File 148997223501.png - (214.24KB , 600x600 , ImDonePlayingWithYou.png )
788903

>>788901
>>788899
>>788890


Oh god I'm just laying flat on my ass now and that thing looks pissed off. It also has a small hole in its face now.

>Charlotte equips the crowbar more properly and gets ready as the thing twists and changes in front of her.
>>
No. 788907 ID: 70983e

Now that you've finished removing the crowbar from the monster, you can begin reapplying it to the monster repeatedly!
>>
No. 788910 ID: cc08c7
File 148997290645.png - (188.09KB , 600x600 , TimeForShowAndTell.png )
788910

*Cutscene*
>>
No. 788914 ID: cc08c7
File 148997336698.png - (193.15KB , 600x600 , JABBERINGSARCASM.png )
788914

"I'M DONE PLAYING WITH YOUR STUPID VOICES YOU CRAZY BITCH. I'LL JUST PLAY WITH YOU DIRECTLY INSTEAD."

>BOSS WARNING, ANXIETY LEVEL RISING QUICKLY
>>
No. 788916 ID: cc08c7
File 148997413610.png - (188.30KB , 600x600 , WellShit.png )
788916

Oh jesus christ what the fuck is THAT!?

>Charlotte is now in combat with a powerful enemy. Bosses will cause extreme amounts of anxiety in Charlotte and must be fought very carefully. It's recommended that Charlotte avoid direct eye contact with the Boss Monster as often as she can.
>>
No. 788921 ID: cc08c7
File 148997548316.png - (200.11KB , 600x600 , BossFight.png )
788921

>Charlotte can choose from one of 4 actions:

*Talk
*Attack
*Defend
*Item

>Pausing for tonight to let anyone who's still interested about this suggest some actions.

>Questions about combat and details about what the hell I'm doing can be asked here: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/109181.html
>>
No. 788923 ID: 143250

First off, lets not attack, as I fear if we attack this rabbit monster, we might unintentionally attack the doctor in the real world.

Speaking of which, go to items, grab your cell phone, and try giving the doctor a call for help, see what happens.
>>
No. 788924 ID: 3abd97

>Oh jesus christ what the fuck is THAT!?
The Jabbering Sarcasm. Didn't you read the boss announcement?
>>
No. 788925 ID: 398fe1

Talk: ask why it's attacking you.
>>
No. 788941 ID: 6ed850

Defend!
>>
No. 788951 ID: 70983e

Attack it in the purple eye. It's definitely not a weak spot or anything.
>>
No. 788963 ID: bdb17c

Be careful it Bites
At least we have Gordon Freeman powers now, try being sarcastic back to it.
>>
No. 788966 ID: 79a07e

>>788921
I'm unsure, but judging from what it just said, it's not native to you.

"I'm done playing with your voices?" That means it's not our anything, either.

At any rate, if this thing creeps you out, don't look directly at it- look directly PAST it. A point right over it's...uh...shoulder? Sure, let's go with that.

Alright, let's see here, Charlotte. If it's not native to you, it has to be here for a reason. If you want, you can try asking it where does it come from- I get the feeling that asking it why is it attacking us will only lead to a pity answer, like 'because it's fun' or the sort. Asking where it comes from will give us some solid, confirmed info, no matter what it says.
>>
No. 788967 ID: 398fe1

Specifically, avoid looking at its eyes.
>>
No. 789002 ID: 8cb228

"If anyone can hear me in the real world, leave. Just run past me. I can't perceive what you are saying, and may have to get violent against what I perceive as a threat now."

To the creature, while adopting a guard stance: "What are you and why are you fighting me?"
>>
No. 789003 ID: 0555b9

The enemy cannot look at you if you disable its eyes!
>>
No. 789024 ID: 904bad

Lets defend and get his attack pattern
>>
No. 789041 ID: 8aa605

Make sure to watch the body and limbs. If it is to attack, you'll see the whole body start to move, and it will actually strike with the limbs.
>>
No. 789084 ID: e01e87

>tgchan can choose from one of 4 actions:

*Talk
*Talk
*Snark
*Talk
>>
No. 789088 ID: b15da4

Cry deeply.
>>
No. 789150 ID: 144af2

*Talk
I mean, didn't you play Undertale?
Clearly if talking is an option then we gotta do the pacifist route!
>>
No. 793211 ID: cc08c7
File 149126884019.png - (203.36KB , 600x600 , BossFight2.png )
793211

*TURN 1, CHARLOTTE*

>Charlotte attempts some sort of diplomacy with the Jabbering Sarcasm

Where are you from...? What are you? Why are you doing this to me!?

"FIRST I'M FROM HERE. SECOND, I'M AWESOME. THIRD, BECAUSE I FUCKING HATE YOU!"
>>
No. 793213 ID: cc08c7
File 149126896911.png - (203.05KB , 600x600 , BossFightSlash.png )
793213

*TURN 1, BOSS*

"EAT SHIT."

>Jabbering Sarcasm slashes Charlotte with its claws
>Charlotte's Anxiety rises but because she's looking away it doesn't rise as high
>>
No. 793214 ID: cc08c7
File 149126907092.png - (204.42KB , 600x600 , BossFightAttack.png )
793214

*TURN 2, CHARLOTTE*

>Charlotte takes a swing at the Left Eye while avoiding eye contact
>The Left Eye takes damage and turns darker, the pink fluid inside bleeding out
>>
No. 793215 ID: 398fe1

>>793213
Let's try Attack this time.
>>
No. 793216 ID: cc08c7
File 149126924606.png - (202.23KB , 600x600 , BossFightLeftEyeAttack.png )
793216

*TURN 2, BOSS*

"I'LL MAKE YOU PAY FOR THAT YOU SKANK."

>Left Eye glares down at Charlotte
>Charlotte's Defense drops, but not as much since she isn't looking at the eyes

"YOUR MOM WAS RIGHT, YOU'RE FUCKING CRAZY! YOU'RE CRAZY AND INSANE AND YOU DESERVE TO BE LOCKED AWAY FOREVER. YOU SHOULD'VE LISTENED TO YOUR MOMMY LIKE A GOOD GIRL."
>>
No. 793218 ID: 70983e

Aren't you glad you wasted spent a turn on Talk? Let's do it again, because it'll work this time!
"I'm so sorry about your eye mister! I'll be sure to take the other one out in one swing so it won't hurt as long!"
>>
No. 793221 ID: cc08c7
File 149126948323.png - (204.48KB , 600x600 , BossFightDefend.png )
793221

>A quick warning, I'm only doing this the first time because it was a good chance to test every option and it's the first real fight, but once orders are given to Charlotte before an update she will follow through with ALL of them in order from most to least voted. Each Action takes up one of the Turns in a fight so after this choose wisely and try to remember the order a boss and its parts attack in to make it easier.

*TURN 3, CHARLOTTE*

>Charlotte defends herself with the crowbar
>>
No. 793222 ID: 70983e

>>793216
Hey hey, foul! Mouth moved in addition to eye! That is a yellow card.
>>
No. 793224 ID: cc08c7
File 149126964796.png - (210.27KB , 600x600 , BossRightEyeAttack.png )
793224

*TURN 3, BOSS*

"YOU THINK YOU CAN HIDE BEHIND YOUR STUPID CROWBAR? I DON'T THINK SO."

>Right Eye fires a beam at Charlotte, who manages to block most of it
>Charlotte's Anxiety increases slightly
>Charlotte's Anxiety Level is at the Mid Point
>>
No. 793226 ID: cc08c7
File 149126973632.png - (203.25KB , 600x600 , BossFightItem.png )
793226

*TURN 4, CHARLOTTE*

>Charlotte pulls out the cellphone and tries to call for help
>She only gets laughter on the other end

"DID YOU SERIOUSLY THINK THAT WOULD WORK? MORON."
>>
No. 793227 ID: cc08c7
File 149126987374.png - (201.80KB , 600x600 , BossFightMouthBoost.png )
793227

>>793222
"BLAH BLAH BLAH IT'LL KEEP MOVING TOO. LIKE THIS."

*TURN 4, BOSS*

>Drooling Mouth sticks out its tongue and makes a suggestive gesture at Charlotte
>Right Eye's attack increases
>Charlotte feels a bit violated but isn't sure why

>CHOOSE YOUR NEXT MOVES CAREFULLY

>TALK
>FIGHT
>DEFEND
>ITEM
>>
No. 793228 ID: 70983e

>But nobody came.
activate cell phone's Gun Mode and shoot right eye.
>>
No. 793240 ID: 8cb228

Fight. Fighting is hurting it, so take the direct option.
>>
No. 793246 ID: 91ee5f

>THIRD, BECAUSE I FUCKING HATE YOU!
But why? What did Charlotte ever do to you?
>>
No. 793255 ID: 398fe1

So that was claw, left eye, right eye, mouth.

Defend on the Claw's turn and Right Eye's turn, attack on all other turns. Focus on the left eye, then mouth. That'll take care of debuffing and buffing. Then I guess take out the right eye next if it's still moving?

Talking and item use are pointless, don't do that at all.
>>
No. 793269 ID: 143250

>>793255
This, except replace all attacks with talking it down. Like I said earlier, I fear that this might be a huge hallucination and that we are actually fighting the doctor in the real world.
>>
No. 793284 ID: 144af2

you need to be better than what you face. Otherwise you won't overcome your problems.
Keep talking, keep defending.
>>
No. 794854 ID: 15a025

Smash it's face in with your crowbar.
>>
No. 812820 ID: cc08c7
File 149921026859.png - (204.82KB , 600x600 , BossFightAttack2.png )
812820

>>793255
>Charlotte actually likes this particular plan, if they other voices agree she'll try to stick to this for now until things change.

*TURN 5, CHARLOTTE*

>Charlotte takes a swing at the Left Eye and yelps a bit when it bursts into a pink mess and drips as if it's been splashed onto an invisible wall.

AAAAAAAAAAAH YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT THAT FUCKING HURT.

>>793246
SHE JUST BURST MY FUCKING EYE FOR ONE YOU MORON.
>>
No. 812822 ID: cc08c7
File 149921072188.png - (205.41KB , 600x600 , BossFightTurn5.png )
812822

*TURN 5, BOSS*

>Jabbering Sarcasm wastes its turn screaming obscenities at Charlotte.

>Charlotte's stats are unchanged, but she's a bit embarrassed for it right now.
>>
No. 812827 ID: 3abd97

>>812820
Sure, seems a reasonable plan to follow.
>>
No. 812846 ID: 15a025

Let's stick to that plan!
>>
No. 812847 ID: cc08c7
File 149921547040.png - (215.17KB , 600x600 , BossFightDefend2.png )
812847

*TURN 6*

>Right Eye fires a beam at Charlotte again.
>Charlotte blocks most of it with her crowbar.

>Charlotte's Anxiety Level rises slightly

YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST HIDE FROM WHAT YOU DID!? STOP RESISTING AND ADMIT I'M RIGHT.
>>
No. 812850 ID: be0718

I don't even know what we were arguing about! Special Attack: Crowbar-induced Amnesia!
>>
No. 812852 ID: cc08c7
File 149921649548.png - (203.90KB , 600x600 , BossFightAttackAgain.png )
812852

*TURN 7, CHARLOTTE*

>>812850
YOU CAN KISS MY FUCKING ASS YOU-

"Shut up!!!"

>Charlotte smacks the Drooling Mouth with her crowbar
>She hears an awful cracking from the teeth and the screaming of the Jabbering Sarcasm as the colours from the mouth start leaking out.
>>
No. 812855 ID: cc08c7
File 149921747104.png - (203.16KB , 600x600 , BossFightShame.png )
812855

*TURN 7, BOSS*

>Drooling Mouth sticks out its tongue as it speaks

YOU'RE GOING TO REGRET THAT. MAYBE I SHOULD TRY A DIFFERENT APPROACH TO DEALING WITH YOUR BULLSHIT.

"What...?"

I BET THE VOICES WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ALL THE THINGS YOU KEEP IN THE BOTTOM DRAWER BACK IN YOUR STUPID FUCKING ROOM.

"WHAT!?"

>Charlotte feels further violated
>Right Eye and Claw's attacks have been raised

Fucking...okay. Guys, don't even ask okay? We don't talk about the bottom drawer. We have more pressing matters right now though. I think we should change the strategy slightly since we know how it works a little better now. I think maybe we should finish off the mouth and then go for the eye? If you guys trust me enough to let me do it then give me the signal.

>Sometimes Charlotte will give her own input during very serious situations. Whether you act upon her suggestions or not is up to you.
>>
No. 812859 ID: 8cb228

Yea, sure, no sweat. You share your life to the extent you're comfortable, as you are comfortable doing so. In the meantime, kick this thing's ass!
>>
No. 812864 ID: 7b95d9

>>812859
>>812855
Pretty much this. You think it'll work? We'll back you. As for the rest? Eh. Chances are we've heard far worse from far worse.

Now let's rock and roll.
>>
No. 812875 ID: be0718

Other eye first. Can't hit what you can't sense.
>>
No. 812876 ID: cc08c7
File 149922034779.png - (202.07KB , 600x600 , BossFightAttackMouth2.png )
812876

>>812859
>>812864

O-Okay. I'll do it!

*TURN 8, CHARLOTTE*

>Charlotte swings at the Drooling Mouth again and hears the shattering of the remaining teeth. The colour drains from the Drooling Mouth as it turns faded and cracked, it's done.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH FUCKING STOP. STOP AND LISTEN TO ME. LISTEN TO ME NOW.
>>
No. 812877 ID: be0718

>>812876
What's the matter, can't talk the talk while we walk the walk? Whatever you have to say had better be finished by the time this crowbar connects with yer eye.
>>
No. 812880 ID: cc08c7
File 149922070432.png - (209.71KB , 600x600 , FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK.png )
812880

*TURN 8, BOSS*

>Jabbering Sarcasm wastes another turn screaming in rage at Charlotte

WHY THE FUCK WON'T YOU JUST LISTEN LIKE A GOOD GIRL!? LISTEN TO YOUR FUCKING MOTHER CHARLOTTE. YOU STUPID WORTHLESS WASTE OF OXYGEN!!! I WISH YOU WERE NEVER BORN!!!

"I...I...what...?"

>ATTACK
>DEFEND
>TALK
>ITEM
>>
No. 812881 ID: 62cf72

>>812876
Charlotte's life is her business. We don't need to know her secrets.

Swing for that eye!
>>
No. 812884 ID: 7b95d9

>>812880
Okay so see. Just for the record? You had me for a second with the 'listen to your mother' bit. For a brief period of time, I was actually curious about what your relation to her mother is- or maybe you were some kinda mental construct of it regardless.


And then you made the 'I wish you were never born' crack, and I IMMEDIATELY stopped caring because clearly, whatever you have to say isn't worth suffering an angry nothing like you. I mean, if SHE'S a waste of oxygen (she isn't, for the record), and you're getting your non-existent ass kicked by her without ANY justifiable reason to stop...

...well. You do the math from there.

In short?

Now you see us, now you get fucked. Bye, eye.
>>
No. 812885 ID: 8cb228

Fuck you, jabberer!
>>
No. 812890 ID: cc08c7
File 149922211411.png - (204.87KB , 600x600 , HOWCOULDYOU.png )
812890

>>812881
>>812884
>>812885

*TURN 9, CHARLOTTE*

"They're right! I'm done listening to you! I want you to LEAVE ME ALONE!"

>Charlotte feels her Anxiety drop drastically as she takes a hard swing at the Left Eye, screaming out as she feels it burst and shatter under the crowbar
>>
No. 812891 ID: cc08c7
File 149922271341.png - (169.75KB , 600x600 , imafraid.png )
812891

i don't understand. i don't understand why.

>Jabbering Sarcasm's colours all begin to drain at once, the fight is clearly over now. The loud screams are replaced by a small voice.

my parents hate me. they'll always hate me. no matter what i do they think i'm insane.

"I...I don't understand. It sounds like..."
>>
No. 812893 ID: 7b95d9

>>812890
Nothin' THIS particular voice hates more than when someone tries to act like they're trying to be super important and then just don't give you any damn reason to listen.

Basically 'how could we'? Because you couldn't stop being a sarcastic violent asshole for like 10 seconds. Maybe try being a touch more careful of that gibbering maw next life.
>>
No. 812899 ID: cc08c7
File 149922334053.png - (170.33KB , 600x600 , imsoafraid.png )
812899

>A small head emerges from the broken mouth of the Jabbering Sarcasm, it looks very familiar to Charlotte

they're right aren't they? i'm crazy and violent and deserve to die. i had to stop myself before i hurt someone else.
>>
No. 812900 ID: be0718

Yes.
Continue whacking corpse like you have a degree in theoretical physics.
>>
No. 812903 ID: cc08c7

>Pausing for tonight. We made some real progress and hopefully we'll continue to make it in the future!
>>
No. 812904 ID: 7b95d9

>>812900
No, no, you missed it. That's Charlotte.

Well, part of her, anyway. Like, her self-doubt.

And while you shouldn't ignore it, only out of fear of mental health, you've got more going for you than that, I can tell just by having been around you a bit. You certainly don't deserve to die, I can say that much safely. You just need help, which you're getting.

If you really REALLY feel this way, there's far better ways to make it up than just killing yourself. Not that you should feel this way, to be frank, but things can't be helped a LOT of the time in life, so we do what we can.

Charlotte, we're done here.
>>
No. 812905 ID: 62cf72

You don't deserve to die. You hurt someone, and you have problems, but you're more than your demons. You deserve to survive and grow and get better and heal. You deserve to live.
>>
No. 821388 ID: 36de2e
File 150232666199.png - (51.02KB , 600x600 , imsorry.png )
821388

>>812904
>>812905

...You're right. I don't deserve to die for the mistakes I've made. I need to own up to what I did and make it through this for my own sake.

>Charlotte's anxiety level drops to zero as the figure in front of her turns into a more stable form
>>
No. 821390 ID: ed048e

>>821388
You haven't done anything bad enough to deserve hating yourself. Hug the other you, and then start pestering yourself with questions about this strange realm you've entered so you know what to do next better you encounter a """"BOSS BATTLE""""
>>
No. 821405 ID: 36de2e
File 150232846259.png - (173.58KB , 600x600 , Victory1.png )
821405

>>821390

I need to get myself together if I'm going to figure out what's going on lately. Maybe now that I've dealt with this I'll be able to deal with even more in the future...
>>
No. 821411 ID: 36de2e
File 150232872308.png - (184.48KB , 600x600 , Victory2.png )
821411

>Charlotte embraces her other self and feels a warmth overtake her body
>>
No. 821416 ID: 36de2e
File 150232914976.png - (168.11KB , 600x600 , UnderstandableSnark.png )
821416

>Charlotte has gained UNDERSTANDABLE SNARK. She can now combat the creatures of the other world and lower her anxiety level if her fights are successful.
>>
No. 821418 ID: 143250

Chirp a happy little tune.
>>
No. 821419 ID: 712d03

>>821418
And dance a little bird dance.
>>
No. 821423 ID: 486e87

Huzzah! You did good.
>>
No. 821427 ID: be0718

What if you're clone and that's the real you? You might not be you!
>>
No. 821449 ID: 8cb228

>>821427
Pish, posh! Charlotte is Charlotte! That's all that matters.

Anyway, congrats Charlotte! Good on you for beating that thing. Do a victory dance and tune from your favorite video game with boss battles?

Anyway, time to take a peak in the world of matter, see what's up there?
>>
No. 821453 ID: 3abd97

>>821427
“Ged had neither lost nor won but, naming the shadow of his death with his own name, had made himself whole: a man: who, knowing his whole true self, cannot be used or possessed by any power other than himself, and whose life therefore is lived for life's sake and never in the service of ruin, or pain, or hatred, or the dark.”

― Ursula K. Le Guin, A Wizard of Earthsea
>>
No. 821482 ID: a62648

Successfully unlocked Gordon Freeman mode.
You may now grow a goatee anytime at will, watch out for headcrabs.
>>
No. 828203 ID: 36de2e
File 150473192914.png - (66.20KB , 600x600 , WakeUp1.png )
828203

>Charlotte wakes up with the worst headache she's ever had in her entire life. Dr. Albert is standing near the couch and staring at her.

Oh god. What the heck just happened?
>>
No. 828204 ID: e8f4bd

You were sleeping for a month.
>>
No. 828207 ID: 486e87

Ask Dr. Albert what just happened?
>>
No. 828208 ID: 22d3a4

>>828203
>Oh god. What the heck just happened?
Well, ask.
>>
No. 828214 ID: 9be73b

>>828203
My guess is you passed out and confronted your inner demons. You may want to ask the good doctor what his perception of things were.
>>
No. 828215 ID: ae9b99

ask him "I didn't hurt anyone again, did I?"
>>
No. 828218 ID: 36de2e
File 150473356299.png - (72.77KB , 600x600 , WakeUp2.png )
828218

>>828204
(I will end you voice.)

>>828207
>>828208
>>828214

Um, what's going on...?

"You had a severe panic attack and collapsed from exhaustion. I let you sleep on the couch until you came to."

(The office is still in the same condition it was before I blacked out, and Dr. Albert doesn't seem disturbed or hurt.)
>>
No. 828221 ID: 36de2e
File 150473389549.png - (74.26KB , 600x600 , WakeUp3.png )
828221

>>828215

(I'd better make sure, yeah.)

Did...I hurt anyone again?

"What? No dear, you were out like a light for a good hour or two."
>>
No. 828222 ID: ba506f

guess that means our session is ran out of time then huh?
>>
No. 828224 ID: 3abd97

>>828221
Oh. Well that's good.

Thanks for keeping an eye on me. Sorry if I worried you.
>>
No. 828228 ID: 36de2e
File 150473533492.png - (74.71KB , 600x600 , WakeUp4.png )
828228

>>828222
So, I guess I used up my time huh?

"Well, not exactly Charlotte. I wouldn't call passing out from a panic attack a use of your therapy time, however it is getting very late and the office is closing soon."

(Shit. I really hope he doesn't tell my Mom...)
>>
No. 828232 ID: 36de2e
File 150473564722.png - (72.14KB , 600x600 , WakeUp5.png )
828232

>>828224

Thanks for keeping an eye on me when I blacked out, I'm sorry I worried you doctor...

"It's quite fine Charlotte, I'm just glad you aren't hurt. However, I'm going to ask that you take another pill tonight before bed. I wouldn't normally ask patients to take another one so early but since you didn't take your first until the morning we have no choice. Take it tonight and then resume taking it ONLY at night, understood?"
>>
No. 828236 ID: 36de2e
File 150473605309.png - (66.54KB , 600x600 , WakeUp6.png )
828236

(Okay, don't let me forget to take my meds tonight guys.)

>Is there anything else Charlotte should ask Dr. Albert before returning home?
>>
No. 828240 ID: 91ee5f

Ask if you were talking in your sleep or something like that?
>>
No. 828252 ID: 36de2e
File 150473739094.png - (67.47KB , 600x600 , WakeUp7.png )
828252

>>828240
Um, did I talk in my sleep at all...?

"Actually, yes, quite a bit. I think you and your mother need to have a serious talk with eachother to clear the air between the two of you."

(Shit. I hope I wasn't screaming like that thing in my head was too...)

"Alright then Charlotte, call me if you need anything, your next appointment is being scheduled now."

Okay doctor...

>Charlotte suddenly feels a change in her inventory and examines her Therapy Picture
>>
No. 828253 ID: 36de2e
File 150473745047.png - (129.16KB , 600x600 , ReachingForMe2.png )
828253

>Something has definitely changed.
>>
No. 828258 ID: ed048e

>>828236
How do we deal with this horrible headache we have? Also, why do we even have a headache? Charlotte will probably have more before she's rid of these anxiety produced thoughts, so it'd be really helpful to get over headaches quickly.
>>
No. 828259 ID: 91ee5f

>>828253
Hey, it did change! That hand in the bottom left doesn't look like an evil graby hand anymore! Now it looks like a friendly hand trying to catch you so you don't fall!

.....it kinda looks like your hand.
>>
No. 828261 ID: ec5ca0

>>828259
I actually have to back this. I'd call it a positive.
>>
No. 828271 ID: 36de2e
File 150474072587.png - (84.59KB , 600x600 , TimeForBed.png )
828271

>>828258
The headache is actually going away already, so I'm not going to bug Dr. Albert about it.

>>828259
>>828261
Yeah...the picture is a bit more tolerable to look at now. I'm not going to show it to him unless he actually asks for it though.

>Charlotte returns home and wastes no time throwing off her clothes before collapsing into bed, the entire experience has left her exhausted.

Jesus christ today was long. Hopefully tomorrow won't be as insane.
>>
No. 828272 ID: 36de2e
File 150474077138.png - (56.38KB , 600x600 , TimeForBed2.png )
828272

>Charlotte turns off the light and drifts off to sleep...
>>
No. 828273 ID: 36de2e
File 150474080231.png - (32.97KB , 600x600 , TimeForBed3.png )
828273

...
>>
No. 828275 ID: 36de2e
File 150474091698.png - (68.93KB , 600x600 , TimeForBed4.png )
828275

...
>>
No. 828279 ID: ae9b99

zzzzz...
>>
No. 828280 ID: 36de2e
File 150474110940.png - (46.42KB , 600x600 , TimeForBed5.png )
828280

*Clunk*
>>
No. 828281 ID: ba506f

>>828280

THAT MOTHER FUCKER IS STEALING HERE CLOTHES
>>
No. 828282 ID: 36de2e
File 150474132595.png - (45.63KB , 600x600 , TimeForBed6.png )
828282

"Hmmmm, this place is kinda bare..."
>>
No. 828283 ID: ae9b99

>>828281
shhh, bird is asleep. It is just a hallucination. It's not real. we shouldn't draw attention to things like that or it will raise her anxiety
>>
No. 828285 ID: ae9b99

*snores*
>>
No. 828286 ID: 36de2e
File 150474161157.png - (48.65KB , 600x600 , TimeForBed7.png )
828286

"...bare in more ways than one apparently."
>>
No. 828287 ID: ae9b99

zzz...
>>
No. 828288 ID: 486e87

Did she remember to take her meds before bed? Either way, demon looking thing. Shhhhh. Let the bird sleep.
>>
No. 828289 ID: 9be73b

>>828288
Bloody oath, we forgot to remind her.
>>
No. 828290 ID: 26c0a3

>>828286
Intruding into a home without the knowledge or permission of its owner is considered felony burglary with a sentence of around twenty years in prison depending on the state. This time is increased with every additional criminal action.

Get the fuck out of here.
>>
No. 828291 ID: 36de2e
File 150474202961.png - (51.18KB , 600x600 , TimeForBed8.png )
828291

"Let's just see what's in this drawer here and then move on to the next house..."
>>
No. 828295 ID: 36de2e
File 150474234758.png - (95.27KB , 600x600 , EndslateP.png )
828295

"Oh wow, didn't think she'd have something like THAT..."

*END OF PROLOGUE CHAPTER*

>Pausing for tonight, will continue next time I decide to update. Thanks for your time and patience.
>>
No. 828297 ID: 91ee5f

>>828291
*takes a deep breath*
CHARLOTTE YOU FORGT TO TAKE YOUR MEDICINE BEFORE GOING TO BED!!!!!
>>
No. 828298 ID: 91ee5f

>>828295
Oh, never mind.
>>
No. 828452 ID: 12aed4

I may be late butt I just gotta say:
Dem Drumsticks!
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password