[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 784867)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39564 unique user posts. View catalog

File 148866948447.png - (164.29KB , 900x600 , 20after0.png )
784867 No. 784867 ID: 897ff7

Our way of life is no more.

Twenty weeks ago, a joint division of the United States Army and Marine Corps staged a coup d'etat against the President and both houses of Congress. The coup was partially successful, dissolving the Federal Government and installing Major-General Alice Proctor as Executive Chief of the United States, however, several regiments of the armed forces have resisted her command and begun fighting, mobilizing to capture her strongholds in New York and Washington, leaving the rest of the nation behind.

You will play as a citizen of a coastal city that has fallen into anarchy despite being far from the fighting. After exhausting your food supply, you have no choice but to wander into the streets and scavenge for yourself. Be careful- Just because the government fell doesn't mean there aren't groups of people out there with their own rules to follow!

But first-
Select your gender and position on the political compass.
279 posts omitted. Last 100 shown. Expand all images
>>
No. 787250 ID: 094652

Usually, you don't want a wounded patient to walk or experience moderate vibrations, as to prevent the wounds from opening further. But you don't exactly have a Segway here. Ask him if he saw anything with wheels; a shopping cart would do the trick, if barely.
>>
No. 787251 ID: f30257
File 148947546236.png - (7.51KB , 900x600 , 95.png )
787251

>>787250
"Did you see anything I could move you in on the way here, like a shopping cart or something?"

>"Nothing. I've only gotten as far as about 300 yards from that way on the beach, though."

His face is paling. I don't think we have very much time to work with here.
>>
No. 787257 ID: c31aac

>>787251
Hm. Uh.

...are you swole enough to carry him? like, you look twiggy, but you also handle guns regularly so you might be a skinnyfit on top of that
what is your str stat at
>>
No. 787265 ID: 9876c4

Survey your surroundings.

Grocery and department stores have shopping carts, probably, anywhere industrial would have a dolly.

Maybe theres a car you could hotwire?
>>
No. 787354 ID: fc33ea

Search the bodies, do they have anything to use?
>>
No. 788506 ID: 813fb8
File 148987157818.png - (20.46KB , 900x600 , 96.png )
788506

>"Don't worry about it, I'll just walk."

He starts to stand, grabbing my arm for support. Is this a good idea, for my health and his??
>>
No. 788510 ID: 9876c4

You don't have a great many compelling options.
Keep the gun in your hand he's not leaning on.
>>
No. 788518 ID: 813fb8
File 148987474674.png - (12.73KB , 900x600 , 97.png )
788518

Leaning on me with his arm snug between my back and backpack, we hobble our way to the bridge.
>>
No. 788574 ID: 398fe1

>>788518
Is he holding something in his hand?
>>
No. 788660 ID: 9876c4

>>788574
Seems to be a girl, or part of one.

We'll forgive him- this time.
>>
No. 790799 ID: 897ff7
File 149059806814.png - (9.78KB , 900x600 , 98.png )
790799

The other side of the bridge is blocked off.

FUUUUUUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

"Oh, damn."

>"Y-yeah, heh."
>>
No. 790816 ID: c31aac

>>790799
Well
shit
...so what do we do from here, maybe swim?
>>
No. 790834 ID: 094652

The barricade is unmanned, maybe you can find a way to climb up? Check the door, see if there's a lock or something.
>>
No. 790856 ID: 897ff7
File 149062694294.png - (10.87KB , 900x600 , 99.png )
790856

The door doesn't have anything on it, except writing.
>>
No. 790857 ID: 0555b9

Knock, claim you're a humanitarian helping this injured fellow.
>>
No. 790861 ID: 897ff7
File 149062908364.png - (14.89KB , 900x600 , 100.png )
790861

I knock on the door.
>>
No. 790862 ID: 897ff7
File 149062940997.png - (16.06KB , 900x600 , 101.png )
790862

I hear some grunting from behind the wall.
>>
No. 790863 ID: 0555b9

...On second thought, miiight want to step away from the door a bit. You can't trust rules in a state of anarchy. Gun at the ready. Bullet count?
>>
No. 790865 ID: 0d5b7f

Come on, before the pinkos come back in force!
>>
No. 790870 ID: 897ff7
File 149063045660.png - (28.17KB , 900x600 , 102.png )
790870

The hottest guy I've ever seen pokes his head over the wall.

>"Yeah, yeah, what is it? You wanna pass into the city?"

"I- I'm a humanitarian. This boy is injured!"

He looks at me and Chaz with narrowed, hazel eyes.

>"Swell. He does look pretty fucked up, though. Do you have any weapons?"
>>
No. 790872 ID: b15da4

Yeah I do. Yer not takin' my guns away! AMERICAAAAAA!
>>
No. 790878 ID: 9876c4

Sure, we got a gun and a bat.

Let's have the other gun be a surprise for now.
>>
No. 790881 ID: 897ff7
File 149063424596.png - (12.39KB , 900x600 , 103.png )
790881

>>790878
...

"I just have a gun!"

I realize with impudence towards my past self that I forgot to grab the bat. Fuck!
>>
No. 790885 ID: 897ff7
File 149063684118.png - (11.89KB , 900x600 , 99.png )
790885

>"All right, I'll have to confiscate your gun, but you'll get it back once you either obtain a permit or leave our jurisdiction."

The door swings open on it's own, and the guy climbs down from his little watch tower.
>>
No. 790887 ID: b15da4

...And what jurisdiction is that?
>>
No. 790888 ID: b15da4

-Oh- oh. I just realized that's *our* pair of corpses over there, not theirs. Okay, feeling slightly less suspicious now.
>>
No. 790890 ID: 9876c4

...good enough.

Let's find a medical professional, or cleric, or somesuch.
>>
No. 790895 ID: 897ff7
File 149063984484.png - (16.28KB , 900x600 , 104.png )
790895

>>790890
I hand him the pistol I looted off of those black bloc assholes and before I can ask him where the nearest hospital is, he scoops Chaz up and starts walking.

>"The General Hospital is across another bridge, but don't worry, we have control of that island, too."
>>
No. 790898 ID: 9876c4

I guess we'll need to figure out where we're going, but meanwhile, no need to be rude.

Who are these guys, and what are their, uh, principles?
>>
No. 790909 ID: 897ff7
File 149064159678.png - (14.79KB , 900x600 , 105.png )
790909

>>790898
"So, uhm, who are you guys, and like- what do you-"

I'm cut off by radio tone. The guy listens to something for a couple seconds, then speaks.

>"Roger. I have two civvies, one wounded. Will dump them off at Tampa General, then proceed."
>>
No. 790916 ID: 9dc26d

>>790909
Get his name at least, even if you don't get the full run-down from him. Sounds like his superiors might want him to be somewhere else.

That's a good sign. A chain of command means they really do have some sort of order here.
>>
No. 791005 ID: 897ff7
File 149066396325.png - (16.43KB , 900x600 , 106.png )
791005

>>790916
"I'm very grateful that you're- y'know, carrying Chaz for me- Oh, that's Chaz, by the way. I'm Maxine."

>"I'm Major Mark Anderson of SODA. A pleasure."

"'SODA.' What exactly is SODA, anyway?"

Before he can answer, a jeep pulls up behind us, and a man stands up in it.

>"Major! I got your civvies! They need you at the university!"

>"I'm keeping the girl with me."

What? I mean, cool, but-

Mark puts Chaz in the jeep and raps the hood. They drive off, leaving me and him alone.
>>
No. 791006 ID: 70983e

That beret! He's communist pinko scum! They're all scum!

You must find their leader, the Soda Actual, and kill him. Better dead than red!
>>
No. 791007 ID: 9876c4

Well, they're not doing anything heinous like making you buy healthcare yet,

Stick around, get some food, and figure out how to get to your destination.
>>
No. 791257 ID: 897ff7
File 149073850218.png - (11.77KB , 900x600 , 107.png )
791257

Hmm?

Oh, fuck, I've lost too much blood, haven't I?
>>
No. 791275 ID: 70983e

Yes. You're dead. Welcome to the afterlife, it's exactly like real life except a bunch of voices yell at you all the time.
>>
No. 791276 ID: 9dc26d

>>791005
A Major pulling guard duty. They're badly short handed.

>>791257
You remember your blood type? Tell the driver if you know it.
>>
No. 791281 ID: 897ff7
File 149074461016.png - (14.43KB , 900x600 , 108.png )
791281

>>791276
"My blood type's B-Positive, by the way."

The guy driving nods.

>"Thanks, but I don't think you're gonna pass out, we're almost there."

I sit up and look at the looming hospital.

>>791275
>You're dead.

I don't think I'm dead right now, but I have a feeling I'm gonna be soon.
>>
No. 791286 ID: 70983e

Actually, your chances of surviving have just gone up. I mean, besides the boost they got from arriving at the hospital. Trust me, that lady's crazy, and now's she infected you too. Perhaps the doctors can stop the infection in time!
>>
No. 791291 ID: 9876c4

>>791286
Yeah, if they're good communists, they'll share the Insanity with everyone in town, with an extra portion for the distribution team.

There won't be any left for you.
>>
No. 791292 ID: 9dc26d

>>791281
Hammer and sickle. The symbols of the workers and the farmers. Traditionally associated with communist movements. Well. You're a beggar, so you don't get to be picky about who helps you here. I don't know if you agree with communism in principle or not, but the practical implementation is what matters. Don't jump to conclusions, and don't spit on their charity.
>>
No. 791293 ID: 897ff7
File 149074572476.png - (10.23KB , 900x600 , 109.png )
791293

>>791286
That lady? You mean Mandy, or whatever she's called? Don't worry, if I have to see her again I hope it'll be at least in hell, so that she can't kill me.

We pull into the ER awning and the guard gets me out. A nurse is waiting for me, with a wheelchair.
>>
No. 791296 ID: 9876c4

I don't have enough red in me, hoping you can top me off.

Try not to laugh, it probably hurts to laugh.
>>
No. 791307 ID: 897ff7
File 149074884183.png - (14.23KB , 900x600 , 110.png )
791307

>>791296
Oh, I'm sure they'd love to get some red in me. Cross the fucking bay in a dilapidated dingy to escape Nazis and I end up on the complete opposite end of the "batshit-crazy" spectrum.

I'm wheeled through corridors, getting increasingly worried the further in I get. If these naive assholes try and operate, I don't think they'll have me fixed up and healthy by the end of it.
>>
No. 791314 ID: 70983e

Why not ask them?

"Do you guys have... actual doctors still?"
>>
No. 791319 ID: 398fe1

>>791307
What does their opinion of government have to do with medical technology? It's not like communist russia was a third world country.
>>
No. 791322 ID: 897ff7
File 149075043240.png - (10.62KB , 900x600 , 111.png )
791322

>>791314
"There are doctors here, right?"

>"Oh, yeah, almost all of the doctors are still practicing here."

That still doesn't change how fucked I am, >>791319. I'm not exactly afraid of malpractice.
>>
No. 791323 ID: 70983e

...Got a tattoo or something they wouldn't approve of?
>>
No. 791325 ID: 897ff7
File 149075073751.png - (12.00KB , 900x600 , 112.png )
791325

>>791323

Oh, nothing gets past you cunts, does it?
>>
No. 791331 ID: 897ff7
File 149075216268.png - (10.64KB , 900x600 , 113.png )
791331

I'm dumped off in a room. The nurse takes the chair with her and leaves.
>>
No. 791334 ID: 9876c4

>Hated by Nazis, Soviets
>Massive clogs

I'm sorry you're a secret Dutchman.
But really, you're fucked enough that you don't wanna be making any evasive maneuvers, until they get your leak corked.
>>
No. 791337 ID: 897ff7
File 149075351542.png - (10.67KB , 900x600 , 114.png )
791337

The door opens.

>"Hello. I'm Doctor Jackson. I understand you've been bleeding for quite some time?"

Oh, for fuck's sake.
>>
No. 791339 ID: 70983e

I see. Just pretend it's a really thorough tan.
>>
No. 791340 ID: 9876c4

Try not to get her pregnant on accident!
>>
No. 791344 ID: 897ff7
File 149075497263.png - (10.18KB , 900x600 , 115.png )
791344

>>791339
I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH BLACK PEOPLE.

>>791340
OR WITH GENE-MIXING.


>"... Are you okay?"

"What? Oh, no, I'm good. Well, aside from the bullet-hole."

>"I see. May I take a look at the wound?"

Oh, god.
>>
No. 791345 ID: 3abd97

>>791344
Let's stop guessing, then. What do you have a problem with?
>>
No. 791346 ID: 6353bc

Swallow your pride before you bleed to death.
>>
No. 791351 ID: 897ff7
File 149075637963.png - (10.20KB , 900x600 , 116.png )
791351

"Uh, I'd prefer if you didn't."

Her hand suddenly claps on my forehead.

>"You're sweating. Do you have a fever? Is it infected?"

"I AM JUST FINE, EXCEPT FOR THE BULLET-HOLE."

>"Please calm down. Why don't you want me to look at it?"

"I- I don't-"
>>
No. 791352 ID: 398fe1

>>791344
Warn her ahead of time, then.
>>
No. 791354 ID: 9876c4

Chaz isn't really short for Charlie, is it?
>>
No. 791355 ID: 897ff7
File 149075687427.png - (9.65KB , 900x600 , 117.png )
791355

>>791352
"Look, I wasn't always- I'm not a good person, Doc."

>"Sweetheart, I don't care who you are or what you do. It's my job to help you, okay?"
>>
No. 791357 ID: 90f3c0

Hiding some hate group tattoos, eh? She's probably seen that kind of stuff before, being an ER doctor.

Just get it over with and take off your shirt.
>>
No. 791358 ID: 398fe1

Are you gonna show her the damn bullet hole or not?
>>
No. 791360 ID: 897ff7
File 149075814923.png - (9.97KB , 900x600 , 118.png )
791360

>>791357
>>791358

Goddamnit, FINE.

I take off my shirt, timidly and almost shaking.

What a fucking coward.

>"Oh..."
>>
No. 791361 ID: 9dc26d

>>791360
I once saw an exhibit of tattoos, still on the original skin. They just took the patches of skin off of the donor and tanned them and framed them.

Pretty cool huh?
>>
No. 791362 ID: 897ff7
File 149075896336.png - (8.51KB , 900x600 , 119.png )
791362

>"Oh, honey..."
>>
No. 791363 ID: 398fe1

>>791362
I thought you said you weren't a nazi?
>>
No. 791365 ID: 9dc26d

>>791363
Maybe he's a part-timer.
>>
No. 791367 ID: 9876c4

>>791363
Could be true, accounting for the fullness of time.

Your wound looks salvageable, at least.
>>
No. 791369 ID: 6353bc

>>791363
He's reformed, you donut.

You could have just rolled up your shirt slightly, you know.

Tell her you really didn't want to come here.
>>
No. 791370 ID: 897ff7
File 149076013376.png - (6.71KB , 900x600 , 120.png )
791370

>>791363
I'm not.

Anymore, at least.

She instructs me to lie down, and to hold still, because they're saving their anesthesia for important matters like surgery.

"H-heh, you wouldn't be saying you were out if I didn't show you my tattoos, right?"

>"Please don't talk while I operate."

It starts to hurt really bad, but it stops immediately, and she pulls the bullet out. Apparently she had tweezers inside even before it hurt.
>>
No. 791371 ID: 6353bc

That looks like only a fragment, buddy. You aren't out of the woods yet.
>>
No. 791374 ID: 398fe1

So why'd you run away?
>>
No. 791393 ID: c31aac

>>791362
Make it clear you're not a nazi. You managed to escape that place.
Also ask about tattoo removal so you can put that place behind you forever.
>>
No. 791394 ID: 9876c4

>>791393
Not an emergency procedure.
>>
No. 791399 ID: c31aac

>>791394
I mean given we're in communist territory with nazi regalia marked down on our flesh I'd say it's pretty survival-integral
>>
No. 791404 ID: 9876c4

>>791399
yeah, ok, point.
>>
No. 791485 ID: 897ff7
File 149081963684.png - (9.28KB , 900x600 , 121.png )
791485

>>791393
"I left them."

>"I know."

"I'm serious! I mean, it wasn't right! It's not right. I was in a bad place."

>"We all get in those places."

She's treating me like a child!
>>
No. 791490 ID: 9876c4

You're acting like one.

Her responsibility is getting your wound treated. Whether or not you're liked is immaterial.
>>
No. 791498 ID: 897ff7
File 149082297236.png - (5.53KB , 900x600 , 122.png )
791498

>>791490
That's-! Okay, that's a good point. I'm not trying to be "liked," though, I'm trying to make sure I don't exit the hospital in an orange jumpsuit instead of a wheelchair.

Dr. Jackson finishes the last stitch and cuts the excess away.

>"There. You did a good job of keeping pressure on it, Chaz, so I don't think we need a transfusion."

"So, uh... What happens now..?"

>"I need you to do something for me."
>>
No. 791499 ID: c31aac

>>791485
Take a breath, cool your head, and let her do her job. Ask about tatt removal when she finishes dork.
>>
No. 791501 ID: 897ff7
File 149082447644.png - (10.64KB , 900x600 , 123.png )
791501

>>791499
I stop talking and she kneels a bit so that we're face-to-face, and then puts her hand on my shoulder.

>"Get me out of here."
>>
No. 791504 ID: c31aac

>>791501
that was the last thing I expected you to say but im certainly willing to try. Do you know a place we can meet later? Im traveling with someone and she'll probably want in on any planning.
>>
No. 791505 ID: 3abd97

She's in bad enough a spot she thinks the kid with a hole in him can help? Oh geeze. This is gonna be ugly.
>>
No. 791510 ID: 49b2e2

Alright. Uh, the lady who brought me here isn't a humanitarian. In fact, I think she's a bit unbalanced. She's bound to start some shit, and we might be able to slip away in the confusion.
>>
No. 791513 ID: 897ff7
File 149082801014.png - (11.85KB , 900x600 , 124.png )
791513

She explains to me that the Socialists' Organizations Delegates Assembly(otherwise known as SODA) has claimed the hospital within their territory and refused to allow doctors and other medical personnel to leave, forcing them to treat both civilians and their own fighters alike. She also tells me that they've been barred from treating enemy combatants, and that she's at risk of being imprisoned simply for stitching me up.

>>791510
>>791504
>Maxine

"Uh, I'd be happy to help in any way I can, I'm just, uh... with someone who's a bit problematic to the general peace right now. We might be able to escape in whatever mayhem she's bound to start, but we should probably avoid her, too."

>"Where is she?"

Uh. That's a good question.
>>
No. 791517 ID: 67d5dc

So, cut to something on fire? We know how this works.
>>
No. 791520 ID: 9876c4

C'mon Chaz.

Things are bad out there, and you stand a fart's chance in a hurricane without some firepower of your own.

Max. Kills. Goons. Dead.
>>
No. 791523 ID: 398fe1

Tell her she's with Major Mark Anderson.
>>
No. 791525 ID: 49b2e2

Last I saw she was with some grunt with a earpiece. Any idea where he'd have taken her?
>>
No. 791539 ID: 897ff7
File 149083151901.png - (8.81KB , 900x600 , 124_1.png )
791539

"Last I saw her, she was with this guy called Major Mark Anderson."

She gives me a grave look.

>"Did she do something to him?"

"Uh, no. We were supposed to go to the hospital together, but he changed his mind for some reason, and decided to take her with him. I think he was going to a University of some sort."

>"He's taking her to the University? That means either the Commissars or the Assembly want her for something."

"Is that bad?"

She looks away from me.

>"Well, it's not good."
>>
No. 791544 ID: 897ff7
File 149083203641.png - (11.80KB , 900x600 , 125.png )
791544

...
>>
No. 791546 ID: 897ff7
File 149083208974.png - (8.44KB , 900x600 , 126.png )
791546

>"Welcome to Tampa City Hall, Maxine."
>>
No. 791557 ID: 398fe1

Ask what's up with all the soviet symbolism here. Are they russian or just really enamored by russia?
>>
No. 791566 ID: 094652

Make sure your concealed gun is somewhere they won't search, like your boot. Keep the safety off and the clip in your other boot, wait for an opportunity.

Killing the figurehead won't stop the local communist faction, but it will give you enough time to rig your explosive bullet to something expensive.
>>
No. 791847 ID: 9dc26d

The only reason they have for wanting to talk to you like this is because they were aware of the confrontation with the trigger-happy idiots. Play it cool. Tell them you just wanted to get the injured man somewhere he could get real help, and you don't know him at all beyond him being shot for having climbed out of a boat.
>>
No. 792010 ID: 9876c4

I bet they'll try to draft you, which would be best met with girlish coyness and needing time to think than outright refusal.
>>
No. 792085 ID: 3abd97

>>791546
Uh, sup?
>>
No. 792088 ID: 70983e

Shoot the talking communist clock!
>>
No. 792642 ID: 897ff7
File 149110441960.png - (45.94KB , 900x600 , Chapter1End.png )
792642

Our way of life is no more.

On July 19th at 5:43 AM, a blast on Harbour island was sighted by multiple units that lit up the dark sky.

At the risk of melodrama, it would suffice to say we're still feeling the subsequent shock-waves.
279 posts omitted. Last 100 shown. [Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password