[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 799849)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 149400311148.png - (570.65KB , 800x600 , Title Card.png )
799849 No. 799849 ID: 15a025

Previous threads:

Volume 1: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/679483.html
Intermission: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/689526.html
Volume 2: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/692289.html
Volume 3: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/718221.html
Volume 4: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/738639.html

Discussion Thread: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/96175.html
Expand all images
>>
No. 799850 ID: 15a025
File 149400314146.png - (13.74KB , 800x600 , last time.png )
799850

Recap:
Last time on Blind quest, Rainy and co finally arrive at the enemy base! With their new ally Ashley, they infiltrated their way behind enemy lines! Inside, the group re-unites with Candy and Trish as they fight their way through floor after floor of chimeras and guards. Along the way Rainy also meets up with a new friend, Jill! Jill explains she's here to stop the terrorist group from performing a summoning ritual that will unleash the Queen of Chimeras! Upon reaching the bottom floor, Rainy and co face the group of hyenas responsible for her blindness! Unfortunately, one of them managed to get away! After the fight, Oscar finds the cell where the princess has been held captive! With the princess in hand, Rainy's team has split up into two teams!
Now, Rainy's team starts planning their attack to stop this terrorist group once and for all!

>>
No. 799851 ID: 15a025
File 149400321104.png - (32.21KB , 800x600 , 1.png )
799851

Rainy: "Ronda, would you like to rest up on my shoulder?"

Ronda: "Sure, are we taking a break?"

Don: "I'd suggest we start planning out our attack plan here instead."

Rainy: "Alright then. Ronda, could you and Don tell me what you saw when you scouted this place the other night?"

Jill: "Wait, you two have been in here before?"

Don: "Yeah, and it sucked. Chimera bit my wing and broke it."

Ronda: "Maybe if someone didn't yell over every little thing..."

Rainy: "So anyway, what are we up against up there? What was the floor layout like again?"

Ronda: "Sorry, got side tracked there. Anyway from the first floor to..."
As Ronda trails off on the floor layout, the blindar starts mapping it all out again? I wish I knew what made it do this or have a better way to control it. Having some kind of mapping power might be useful.

Don: Something else to mention. While me and Buddy were sneaking up there, we found that keycard works on some of the elevators. We can get up to floor nine-teen with it. After that we have to use the stairs or find a different key card that works."

Jill: "How strong are the guards up there?"

Don: "It's insane past the sixteenth floor. Big ass chimeras all over the place, guards running around with some pretty big guns and some powerful enchantments. There's room to sneak around but if we're found again we're going to have to book it or go all out on them. Other than them, I don't think we have to worry about."

Any thoughts or ideas so far spooky spirits?
>>
No. 799974 ID: ca0e20

Well if we didn't find the prisoners and didn't explore everywhere in the basements, I guess we should go back and try to find them. Some of them might be up to help fight.

... Who's the fastest? Maybe we could send them to go and make a fast scouting run in the basements to see if they can find something that looks like the right spot. They should be able to avoid combat and we keep radio contact to make sure they don't run into big trouble. Once they find it they can lead the group there. Otherwise, the prisoners might be somewhere else.

I'm also thinking leaving one or 2 of us on the ground floor while the rest go in the basements again. Mostly so that they can radio the rest in case of activities.

So 1:Send a fast scout. 2:group go to the prison while leaving someone (maybe Don and Candy?) 3:Recruit prisoners that can fight and lead the ones that can't out and 4:everyone makes their way up.
Otherwise, if the prison is not found, skip to step 4.
>>
No. 800061 ID: 15a025
File 149410810015.png - (23.52KB , 800x600 , 2.png )
800061

>Well if we didn't find the prisoners and didn't explore everywhere in the basements, I guess we should go back and try to find them. Some of them might be up to help fight.
Having more people to help would be nice! It might make sneaking around harder though if we're traveling around in a big group though.

>Who's the fastest? Maybe we could send them to go and make a fast scouting run in the basements to see if they can find something that looks like the right spot. They should be able to avoid combat and we keep radio contact to make sure they don't run into big trouble. Once they find [the prison] they can lead the group there. Otherwise, the prisoners might be somewhere else.
We did find where the prisoners were being held, problem is we couldn't open the cell doors. We didn't get a chance to use the key card or keys Buddy found on the doors though.

Rainy: "I think before we head up to the top floor we should finish rescuing the prisoners down here. Some of them might even be able to help us fight. Ashley, could you take the key card and key ring and see if they'll work on the cell doors?"

Ashley: "Sure."

Don: "Here, take one of the radios with you as well."

Ashley: "Thanks. I'll radio in when I get down there and let you know if it works."

I hear Ashley scurry off into the basement after that.
Rainy: "Something else that might help is hitting up that armory in the basement we heard about. If we're going to be getting an army of prisoners to help, we're going to need to arm them as well."

Don: "I'd be up for doing that!"

> I'm also thinking leaving one or 2 of us on the ground floor (maybe Don and Candy?) while the rest go in the basements again. Mostly so that they can radio the rest in case of activities.
Rainy: "I was thinking about hitting up the armory with Jill and Ronda while you and Candy watched the front here."

Don: "Again with the guard duty? You're killing me here with this crap."

Candy: "Do you ever run out of things to complain about dude?"

Don: "I could go on all day!"

Candy: "Yeah please don't."

Don: "Whatever. If you're going down there too, take the other radio with you as well. Try and make it snappy too, we don't have all day!"

I take the radio from Don and head back into the basement with Jill and Ronda.
>>
No. 800064 ID: 15a025
File 149410822728.png - (5.80KB , 800x600 , 3.png )
800064

After walking down countless stairs and tip-toeing our way through the halls, we make it to the floor with the armory. As we approach it though, Jill yanks me off to the side!

Jill: "That was too close. There's three armed guards in front of the door there, as well as someone in a lab coat."

Ronda: "Can you tell what kind of weapons they have?"

Jill: "I'm not really familiar with guns all that well, so I can't tell what kind they have. One of them has a belt of grenades, another has a bayonet on the end of their gun, and the other has a knife strapped to their belt. They all have helmets on too. The person in the lab coat looks un-armed though."

Sounds like getting in there is going to be a bigger challenge than I thought spooky spirits. I'm actually a little nervous about taking these guys on. I'm not sure how we're going to be able to take them on with that kind of fire power?
>>
No. 800098 ID: ca0e20

Ronda can make a wall and move it right? Have her make one on the right and then pin the guards and scientist against the left wall. You and Jill be ready to move in in case Ronda misses one or 2 of them. You'll have to be at the offensive before they regain their composure and tried to fire off some shots. Disarm or incapacitate them before they do!

If the scientist is free... I forget if everyone is evil here or if this is Goldeneye rules. I guess don't rough them up too much since they're unarmed? But they might still need to be either restraint or knocked out.
>>
No. 800256 ID: 15a025
File 149417348289.png - (5.91KB , 800x600 , 4.png )
800256

>Ronda can make a wall and move it right?
Rainy: "Ronda, can you move the walls you make around?"

Ronda: "It's a little tough to do, but yeah! Why do you ask?"

>Have her make one on the right and then pin the guards and scientist against the left wall. You and Jill be ready to move in in case Ronda misses one or 2 of them.
Rainy: "Think you make a wall and use it to pin the guards up against one of the other walls?"

Ronda: "Sure thing, just give me a few seconds to charge up the spell."

Rainy: "You should probably charge up a spell too Jill. Just in case Ronda misses one or gets out of the way."

Jill: "On it."

After a few moments I feel the ground start to shake. The ground roars as Ronda's magic wall erupts from the ground.
Guard 1: "What the hell is that!"

Guard 2: "Run now, ask later! It's moving in on us!"

I hear the guard's boots stamping around as they try to run away Ronda's magic wall. A second magic wall emerges on the blindar, trapping three of them.

Ronda: "That scientist fellow is pretty quick!"

Scientist?: "Oh come on!"

I can hear some loud pounding sounds off in the distance. Is he hitting the door?
>>
No. 800257 ID: 15a025
File 149417353508.png - (7.83KB , 800x600 , 5.png )
800257

Jill: "I'm going to try sneaking up on them and knocking them out, is that alright?"

>If the scientist is free... I forget if everyone is evil here or if this is Goldeneye rules. I guess don't rough them up too much since they're unarmed? But they might still need to be either restraint or knocked out.
Rainy: "Yeah that's fine. Just be careful!"

Jill sneaks off for a moment, and then comes back.
Jill: "Well, that was easy. Coast's clear now!"

We walk up to the armory door to find it's a pretty heavy duty door! I knock on it a little bit and it sounds like it's made out of pretty heavy duty solid metal!

Jill: "Any ideas on how we're supposed to open this thing up?"

Ronda: "Probably with this number pad?"

Jill: "Well, yeah. How are we going to figure out the password though?"
>>
No. 800265 ID: 91ee5f

>>800257
Those purple dots to the right of the number pad are Braille symbols. The very first symbol on the top row and the far left tells you that everything after it is a number and not a letter.

So the top row reads: 245

The middle row reads: 420

And the bottom row reads: 666

That should be the code for the door. Also, ask the others if they can see the Braille symbols or not. Because they're going to ask how you knew the code and you've got to give them some kind of explanation.
>>
No. 800317 ID: 15a025
File 149419470918.png - (7.80KB , 800x600 , 6.png )
800317

>Those purple dots to the right of the number pad are Braille symbols. The very first symbol on the top row and the far left tells you that everything after it is a number and not a letter.
>So the top row reads: 245, the middle row reads: 420, and the bottom row reads: 666.
Thanks spooky spirit!

Rainy: "Trying punching in two-four-five, four-two-zero, six-six-six."

I hear the keypad beep as someone punches in the code. After that there's a click and I'm able to open the door.
Jill: "How did you know what the code was?"

>That should be the code for the door. Also, ask the others if they can see the Braille symbols or not. Because they're going to ask how you knew the code and you've got to give them some kind of explanation.
Rainy: "There's some braille dots by the keypad that showed up on my radar enchantment. Can you or Ronda see them?"

Jill: "No, I don't see anything written or imprinted on the wall."

Ronda: "I don't see anything there either Rainy."

We head into the armory and from the sounds of it, this place is kind of a mess?
Jill: "They just leave a bunch of cursed items laying on the ground?"

Ronda: "Be careful where you walk Rainy, there's a lot junk just laying on the ground too."

While I shimmy my way around all the boxes and trash on the floor, what should I try and look for in here spooky spirits? Some kind of "shopping list" might help.
>>
No. 800353 ID: ca0e20

Check what kind of grenades they have. Explosive is good, but if they have smoke and flashbang grenades, they could be useful too.

I dunno if they have military stuff, but if they have claymore mines, they could come in handy.

Maybe some remote explosives too? Like C4?

And I don't know what kind of cursed weapons there could be, maybe the other 2 will spot some stuff too.
>>
No. 800546 ID: 7b65b9

Check that big box on the right, it looks like it has a lot of stuff.
>>
No. 800572 ID: 91ee5f

>>800317
What's that white thing on the floor by the shelf that Jill is next to?
>>
No. 800575 ID: 15a025
File 149428890888.png - (8.53KB , 800x600 , 7.png )
800575

>Check what kind of grenades they have. Explosive is good, but if they have smoke and flashbang grenades, they could be useful too.
I might need Ronda or Jill's help telling the difference between grenades? I'll see what I can find though.

>I dunno if they have military stuff, but if they have claymore mines, they could come in handy.
>Maybe some remote explosives too? Like C4?

I'm not sure I really know what that stuff would feel like? I'll try to ask Jill or Ronda about it though!


Jill: "Here, I found some pretty sturdy backpacks to put anything you find in. It's got a couple different compartments in it as well."

Rainy: "Thanks Jill!"

>What's that white thing on the floor by the shelf that Jill is next to
Rainy: "Hey Jill, there's something on my radar by you, what is it?"

Jill: "Oh this? It's a helmet. I tried it on but it's too small and doesn't have holes for my ears to fit through."

Ronda: "I'll take it then! Maybe it'll fit me?"

>Check that big box on the right, it looks like it has a lot of stuff.
I don't think I wanna rummage through a box full of probably cursed stuff.
>>
No. 800576 ID: 15a025
File 149428895757.png - (7.36KB , 800x600 , 8.png )
800576

I start feeling around the shelves and manage to find a box of six grenades, not sure what kind though? On the same shelf I find a really musky smelling tin with some knives in it. I'll set those to the side for now. Not too sure if they're worth taking with right now?

Digging around some more I also find an entire case of what smells like cigarettes. Not sure what these are doing here, but I slip a box of them into the bag for Candy. After that I decide to move on to another rack.

Next shelf has some more interesting things on it. There's like a ton of guns just laying here and what feels like countless boxes of ammo here. Feeling the guns over a bit, they all seem like handguns or pistols. There's also another box of grenades or...bombs? I can feel a pin on them but these ones are really smooth and rounded. There's six of them in here.
On the shelf below the guns are a ton of boots! The shelf above the guns has some utility items? There's a roll of tape and random un-used zip tie thingies just scattered about.

This is starting to get to be a lot of stuff. What and how much do you think I should take with me?
>>
No. 800596 ID: ca0e20

Zip ties. Get the zip ties. I dunno if we'll need it but it's way better to have 'em than not.

Ask someone over to identify the grenades and/or bombs.

And check what ammo you and the other 2 have. Maybe even radio to know what the others might have, if they have guns... I forget who has guns. Anyway, grab some extra ammo for whoever needs it.
>>
No. 801019 ID: 7b65b9

Check inside the boots for anything valueable, and then spit in them to get back at whichever jerk is going to put them on later, that is if they aren't really good boots you could use.
Also grab a roll or tape because you never know when you might break something, or need to keep someone quiet.
>>
No. 801111 ID: 15a025
File 149452532535.png - (6.60KB , 800x600 , 9.png )
801111

>Zip ties. Get the zip ties. I dunno if we'll need it but it's way better to have 'em than not.
I feel around the shelf and bag fifteen zip ties!

>Also grab a roll of tape because you never know when you might break something, or need to keep someone quiet.
I reach back up and grab the roll of tape. I don't know if it'd be enough to keep Don's big mouth...err beak, quite though?

>Check inside the boots for anything valuable, and then spit in them to get back at whichever jerk is going to put them on later, that is if they aren't really good boots you could use.
I start digging in the boots then. They're all empty except for one that had some coins in it! I try some of them on and manage to get a pair that actually fits me! I guess I can spit in the rest of them if you really want me to? *Pa-tooie*

>Ask someone over to identify the grenades and/or bombs.
Rainy: "Could someone come over and help me identify some stuff for me?"

Ronda: "Yup, in a second!"

I hear Ronda's wings flaps as she flutters over and perches on my shoulder.

Ronda: "What did you find?"

Rainy: "I found what I think are some grenades or bombs. I'm not really sure though and was wondering if you could clarify what they are?"

Ronda: "Let's take a look here. One box has smoke grenades and the other has some fragmenting grenades."

Rainy: "What about all these ammo boxes? What kind is there here?"

[color=green]Ronda: "There's boxes of shot gun shells, pistol bullets, and some assault rifle rounds."
>>
No. 801112 ID: 15a025
File 149452537763.png - (9.49KB , 800x600 , 10.png )
801112

> check what ammo you and the other 2 have. Maybe even radio to know what the others might have, if they have guns... I forget who has guns. Anyway, grab some extra ammo for whoever needs it.
Well right now I've got the finger gun in the serious business arm, it has four shots loaded in it right now with seven bullets left in the case. I've got a pistol on my little belt Oscar gave me. I've got ten bullets for that. I also have a shot gun I've been carrying around with a shoulder strap thing. There's thirty shells for it in my bag.

Rainy: "Ronda, are you or Jill carrying a gun around right now?"

Ronda: "I'm not, and I don't think I saw Jill carrying one either."

I grab the ammo boxes and toss them all in the bag.

After that, I hear the radio start to buzz. It just sounds like static coming in. Should I try and see what's up or continue going through the armory? Also should I grab anything else off this shelf?
>>
No. 801116 ID: 91ee5f

>>801111
Ignore the radio for now because you've got a tiny chimera coming at you from the bottom right corner of these shelves!
>>
No. 801122 ID: ca0e20

Yeah, there's a tiny Chimera. Take care of it while notifying Ronda of it.

Radio might just have bad reception here. I can't think of anything else to get, so I'd say it's time to move. But once you're outside the armory, check in on the other group in case they were trying to contact you.
>>
No. 801177 ID: 15a025
File 149454461622.png - (6.25KB , 800x600 , 11.png )
801177

>Ignore the radio for now because you've got a tiny chimera coming at you from the bottom right corner of these shelves!
>Yeah, there's a tiny Chimera. Take care of it while notifying Ronda of it.
Rainy: "Watch out Ronda, there's a tiny chimera by the bookshelf!"

I walk over by the chimera while trying to make it seem like I didn't notice it. Once I'm close enough I test out my new boots by squishing it in the ground!

>Radio might just have bad reception here. I can't think of anything else to get, so I'd say it's time to move. But once you're outside the armory, check in on the other group in case they were trying to contact you.
Rainy: "Alright, maybe we should leave before more chimeras start popping up in here."

Ronda: "Agreed. I don't think we're going to find anything else in here anyway."

We step outside of the armory and the radio goes off again, this time being audible!
Guard: "Is anyone listening? The armory is under attack! Hello?"

Rainy: "Ronda, are our radios supposed to be able to pick up on the enemy's conversations like this?"

Ronda: "Maybe? No wait. Rainy, this isn't one of our radios. It's one of the radios we took from those guards when we snuck into the building."

Jill: "We might have more problems than just a screwy radio. The lab coat person seems to have run off somewhere?"

Guard: "Anyone at all? Helllo?"
Well now what Spooky Spirits? I don't have a way of getting in touch with Don or Ashley to hear what's going on.
>>
No. 801183 ID: ca0e20

We got what we could from the armory. Is the prison far? We might want to go and see if Ashley needs backup.
>>
No. 801200 ID: 91ee5f

>>801177
Watch out! There's 2 something's hiding on the other side of the wall that Ronda made!

>Not our radio.
Wait. Aren't these the one's Don gave us? Unless you picked up extras while in the armory, you might've picked up the wrong radios by accident!
>>
No. 801300 ID: 15a025
File 149460996092.png - (14.10KB , 800x600 , 12.png )
801300

>Wait. Aren't these the one's Don gave us? Unless you picked up extras while in the armory, you might've picked up the wrong radios by accident
Yeah, this is the radio Don gave us. I didn't pick up any radios in the armory.

>We got what we could from the armory. Is the prison far? We might want to go and see if Ashley needs backup.
The prison isn't that far away from ground floor, It was on the second basement floor if I'm remembering right. Right now we're on the sixth basement floor.
Rainy: "Let's head up and check on Ashley and see if they need some help?"

Ronda: "Sounds like a plan!"

>Watch out! There's 2 something's hiding on the other side of the wall that Ronda made!
Rainy: "Wait a second, there's two...something's hiding around the corner of your wall Ronda."

Jill: "I'll go check it out then."

I hear Jill tip toe over to the wall real quick. A few silent moments pass before she calls us over.
Jill: "Nothing to worry about, at least not yet."

Rainy: "What did it turn out to be?"

Jill: "Chimera blood."

Spooky.
>>
No. 801301 ID: 15a025
File 149460998365.png - (6.22KB , 800x600 , 13.png )
801301

We head up to the floor with the prison cells to check on Ashley, and things seem to be safe at first. The blindar switches to that weird top down view on me again though. It shows there might be some trouble here after all!
>>
No. 801358 ID: ca0e20

Is that a cursed door up ahead or something?

Whisper to the others that there's an enemy around the corner and there's two more up ahead after that.

I'm assuming the small hearts are guard and the big heart is a chimera? If so, I'm thinking of trying to take the closest guard out, hopefully silently. Knocking them out or killing them if that has to be done. Not sure what we got to do that though. But I don't want to alert the big chimera just yet.

Did you pick up any grenade? It looks like Ronda identified the grenade and you picked up the ammo, but I dunno if you got some grenades. If so, using a smoke grenade in the big room around where the chimera is could help to try and lead the prisoners out of the room where you came from. Keeping whatever frag grenades for the potential fight up the tower later.

After that, whoever not keeping the prisoners safe (I assume Ashley would stay with them to protect) can either try and kill the Chimera, or everyone retreats. I think the Chimera might need to be taken down else it might try to give chase. But the smoke might disorient it enough for an escape.
>>
No. 801396 ID: 15a025
File 149463083993.png - (6.44KB , 800x600 , 14.png )
801396

>Is that a cursed door up ahead or something?
I'm not really sure?

Rainy: "Careful, there's a guard up ahead around the corner."

Jill: "How do you want to handle him?"

>Knocking them out or killing them if that has to be done. Not sure what we got to do that though. But I don't want to alert the big chimera just yet.
Rainy: "I'm going to try and sneak up on them and knock'em out with my serious business arm."

Ronda: "Alright. I'll charge up a spell in case things get sour"

I tip toe my way up behind the guard, but then jump back a second when I hear a gunshot come from him!
Guard: "What the hell, do they have some kind of shield up?"

Sounds like he's distracted with shooting the prisoners? I quickly creep up behind the guard and deliver a swift blow, hoping it'll knock them out. I hear something thud against the floor, and their heart on the blindar changes. Guess that worked out?
>>
No. 801397 ID: 15a025
File 149463096206.png - (17.97KB , 800x600 , 15.png )
801397

>Did you pick up any grenade?
Yup, I bagged all twelve of them. Sorry if I forgot to mention that.

>If so, using a smoke grenade in the big room around where the chimera is could help to try and lead the prisoners out of the room where you came from. Keeping whatever frag grenades for the potential fight up the tower later.
I step out of the hallway for a moment to let Jill and Ronda it's clear for now. After that I have Ronda pull out a smoke grenade from my bag and chuck it!

Rainy: "Let's get over by Ashley help get them to safety for now. Jill, there might be a chimera up ahead in this room. Think you can handle it?"

Jill: "Shouldn't be too big of an issue. I'll holler if I need help with it though."
Ronda and I split of with Jill and lead Ashley and co out of the room to safety.
>>
No. 801398 ID: 15a025
File 149463101549.png - (10.61KB , 800x600 , 16.png )
801398

Ashley: "Thanks for the quick save there. Ronda, can you use some of your healing magic on the prisoners I rescued? Some of them got hit by the guards."

Ronda: "Just need a moment to start charging up the spell. Well I'm doing that, can you hand Ashley the first aid kit Rainy?"

I rummage through my bags and dig out the first aid kit and hand it over to Ashley.
>>
No. 801399 ID: 15a025
File 149463104887.png - (27.11KB , 800x600 , 17.png )
801399

Then the blindar goes back to that other view. It's map seems to have expanded a bit more?
>>
No. 801467 ID: ca0e20

Well at least it's looking like no one else coming.

Since you can see in the smoke more than the others, you might want to get in there and see if you can take out the other guard. It's looking like they might be trying to flank Jill.
>>
No. 801491 ID: 91ee5f

>>801399
Jill looks like she could use some help! Now she's fighting 2 guys! Run in there and shoot at the little purple heart that's above where Jill and the big purple heart is!
>>
No. 801596 ID: 15a025
File 149470717389.png - (26.43KB , 800x600 , 18.png )
801596

>Since you can see in the smoke more than the others, you might want to get in there and see if you can take out the other guard. It's looking like they might be trying to flank Jill.
Rainy: "Shoot, one of the guards is trying to flank Jill! Ronda, I'm going to try and help her!"

Ronda: "Alright, Ashley and I will tend to the prisoners then."

I rush down the hall and enter the smoke filled room.
Rainy: "Watch it Jill, there's a guard coming after you!"

Jill: "Where? I can't see them!"

Is the smoke really that thick? Huh. I hoof it over to where the second guard is and lay the smack down on them! I manage to knock them out with a quick blow like I did to the other guard.

Jill: "Heavenly light, guide my path to safety and pierce through the darkness that blocks our way. Holy Arrow!"

I hear the chimera let out a painful roar as Jill's arrow blips the beast off the blindar.
Jill: "Thanks for the save there Rainy."

Rainy: "Just looking out for my friend!"
>>
No. 801599 ID: 15a025
File 149470731380.png - (5.22KB , 800x600 , 19.png )
801599

With the guards and chimera handled, we help Ashley and the prisoners up to the ground floor. As we climb up the stairs though, I hear a lot of panicked and nervous talking. I can't understand it though, it sounds like they're speaking in a different language? When we walk in the room, a ton of hearts pop up on the blindar and then it just...errors out?

Ronda: "Ashley, did you haul prisoners up here already.?"

Ashley: "Yes."

Ronda: "How many?"

Ashley: "We've got about fifty in here."

Don: "And what do you plan on doing with a massive hoard of prisoners who don't even speak the same language as us?"

Ashley: "Way to put the ass, in assumption there pencil neck. Not everyone from my village cares to learn your language!"

Oh...it sounds like these two are going to get into another politic fight or something. How can I hose out this argument before Don burns us here?
>>
No. 801613 ID: ca0e20

Just basically yell out that it's not the time to argue. And before any of them can respond, Tell Don he can go ahead to scout to higher floors as forward charge/recon. They'll join in a bit. Anyone else that wants to join in him in the "forward team" can tag along with him.

And, without letting them continue any arguments, ask Ashley how many can and are willing to fight in that group. Some of them should leave with the non fighter to protect them on the way to go back to the village. But if they are willing, Ashley included, they could help to take this gang down.

Mentioning that taking the gang out is good for her village can be worth it, but I assume she knows already and honestly, I'd be surprised if she doesn't stay to fight.

If she stays to fight with a group, she'll be her group's leader since they all speak their own language. While everyone else left stays in this group. Attacking in 2 groups will be better than one big one.

If Ashley's group ends up being too large for one squad, let her divide her group how she see fit. Although all "squad leaders" should have radios. And make sure the radios are the right one this time, heheh.

Ask Ashley what kind of weapons of other items she might want/need and try to divide the things you got from the armory... Did we forget to get guns?
... Anyway, distribute everything so that everyone is well equipped.

Once everything is in order, join Don's "forward team".
>>
No. 801614 ID: 91ee5f

>>801599
Shout, "Ugh!" and everyone will turn to you to ask what's wrong. Then explain to everyone how you can "see", even though you're blind because your blindar shows everyone as a heart icon. And then tell them that because of how many people there are here, your blindar can't display that many heart icons and now all you're getting is an error message. Which means you're actually blind now! And to emphasize your blindness when you talk to someone look away from where you last heard their voice and wait for them to say, "I'm over here" or something like that.

Then explain how this is bad because if any of the prisoners have been corrupted, you can't tell. And to prove that you can spot corruption, tell them how you saw Don was corrupted on the boat ride here and how all of the tea that Ronda had made was also corrupted.

And now you can't see any hidden chimeras or any hidden messages, like the code for the armory door from earlier.

>How to stop them from fighting with each other?
Listen, Rainy, we've been trying to get Don to stop fighting with us ever since we met him on the boat ride over here. I think it's about time we give up on trying to make him stop. Also, no silencing him, we're gonna need everyone for the final assault on the bad guy's base to stop them!

Well, since they're Ashley's people, she should be able to talk to them. But first, tell Ashley that she did what she came here to do and rescued her people, so there's no need for her to stick around anymore. It wouldn't be fair for us to ask her to do more than that.

But if she or any of the prisoners that are willing to fight and can understand your language want to stick around, then we'll gladly accept their help. Everyone else that's unable to fight or can't understand your language, should go back to their homes. I'm sure they've got family or someone waiting for them back home.

One last thing. All the radios we've got need to have their channels switched so that we're not on the same channel as the bad guys. That way we can talk to each other and the bad guys can't hear us.
>>
No. 801840 ID: 15a025
File 149482206538.png - (9.97KB , 800x600 , 20.png )
801840

>Listen, Rainy, we've been trying to get Don to stop fighting with us ever since we met him on the boat ride over here. I think it's about time we give up on trying to make him stop. Also, no silencing him, we're gonna need everyone for the final assault on the bad guy's base to stop them!
...
I place the roll of duct tape back in my bag.

>Explain how the "blindar" works.
Yeah, I suppose giving everyone a better explanation of how the blindar works would help out. Plus it might be a good way to interrupt Don and Ashley's argument
Rainy: "Okay, I suppose now is probably a good time to explain how my enchanted necklace works and helps me out with my blindness."

Don: "Oh you have got to be-ow! The hell you plucking a feather from me for?"

Candy: "Needed a writing utensil to take notes with. Now cram it before I start plucking more feathers to use as paper!"

Don: "...."

Rainy: "Well, as I was saying. My necklace here helps me get around with what I call 'the blindar'. It sends me a radar like outline of my surroundings telepathically, or something like that. Not only that, but it shows where people are as hearts. The hearts also represents one's soul or mood, which means it can also work as a way to tell if someone's cursed or corrupted. Right now though, there's so many people in here that's overloaded and error'ed out. Which is kind of bad since now I can't tell if any of the prisoners are cursed or anything. Also I'm completely blind again now..."
>>
No. 801841 ID: 15a025
File 149482213195.png - (12.13KB , 800x600 , 21.png )
801841

>Well, since they're Ashley's people, she should be able to talk to them. But first, tell Ashley that she did what she came here to do and rescued her people, so there's no need for her to stick around anymore. It wouldn't be fair for us to ask her to do more than that.
Rainy: "Alright, now to answer your question Don-"

Don: "About time..."

Rainy: "Ashley, you've rescued your people. With your goal out of the way, don't feel obligated to stick around and fight if you don't want to. You can take them all back to your village if you'd like."

Ashley: "While I said I wanted to rescue my people from this place, I also said I'd like to take these monsters down as well. I plan on seeing this through to the end! Plus, there might be more prisoners further up in the tower."

>But if she or any of the prisoners that are willing to fight and can understand your language want to stick around, then we'll gladly accept their help. Everyone else that's unable to fight or can't understand your language, should go back to their homes. I'm sure they've got family or someone waiting for them back home.
Rainy: "Alright, can you gather up a group who's willing to fight an knows how to speak our language?"

Ashley: "I'll if I can gather up some groups. It might take me a bit though."
>>
No. 801842 ID: 15a025
File 149482228671.png - (14.94KB , 800x600 , 22.png )
801842

>One last thing. All the radios we've got need to have their channels switched so that we're not on the same channel as the bad guys. That way we can talk to each other and the bad guys can't hear us.
Rainy: "Okay while Ashley does that, we need to get this radio problem figured out. Ashley, can we have our radio back for a second?"

Ashley: "Sure."

Ashley hand me the radio. Right away I can feel a difference between the two. I should probably have someone look them over just to be sure though.
Rainy: "Alright, I need someone to be my eyes for second here."

Ronda: "What's up?"

Rainy: "Ronda, can you see any difference between the radio Don gave us compared to the one he gave Ashley?"

Ronda: "Okay hang on, which hand has the radio Don gave you and which hand is the one he gave Ashley?"

Rainy: "Left hand...er hoof actually is holding the one Ashley got. Right hand is holding the one Don gave us."

Ronda: "The radio on the left is one of ours. It's colored blue and even has the kingdom defense emblem engraved on the front. The radio on the right looks like the one we took earlier today when we came in the tower. It's colored grey and looks like it was made with some pretty cheap plastic. There's even a crack on the back of it!"

I'm getting a little paranoid here. While I'm sure it's possible Don mixed up the radios, I'm a little worried he did this on purpose for some reason. Er, wait...how many radios did we even bring with us originally anyway?
>>
No. 801857 ID: 91ee5f

>>801840
>I place the roll of duct tape back in my bag.
Trust me, I'd let you do that, but there's a big fight coming up so we're gonna need everyone.

But if you still have that roll duct tape by the time we're on our way home, then you are more than welcome to tape Don's beak shut!

>>801842
>I'm getting a little paranoid here.
Well, we voices of your necklace are almost always paranoid, so welcome to the Paranoia Club!

>While I'm sure it's possible Don mixed up the radios
It might have been an honest mistake. Which wouldn't surprise me, especially since he's a--- No wait, I can't say "birdbrain", that'd also imply that Ronda is as dumb as Don.

>I'm a little worried he did this on purpose for some reason.
If he did, then it might be because we never let him fight and he's itching for a fight. Or because everyone looks to you as a leader instead of him. But let's not jump to conclusions just yet.

>Er, wait...how many radios did we even bring with us originally anyway?
.....that's a good question. Uhh...maybe ask Ronda???
>>
No. 801907 ID: 15a025
File 149486572376.png - (6.74KB , 800x600 , 23.png )
801907

>If he did, then it might be because we never let him fight and he's itching for a fight. Or because everyone looks to you as a leader instead of him. But let's not jump to conclusions just yet.
You're right spooky spirits, I shouldn't be jumping to conclusions yet.

>.....that's a good question. Uhh...maybe ask Ronda???

Rainy: "Wait, how many radios did we have when we came here Ronda?"

Ronda: "I think we only brought two radios with us?"

Rainy: "Alright, is there a way we can get these radios talking on our channel without the enemy picking up on our conversations?"

Ronda: "I can try and mess around with them while we wait for Ashley."

Rainy: "Go for it."

I hand Ronda the radios. Then- oh shoot I almost forgot to give Candy her little present from the armory!
Rainy: "Hey Candy, come over here for a second. I've got a little something for you."

Candy: "Oh man what'd ya get me bud?"

I dig through my bag and hand Candy the box of cigarettes.
Candy: "Oh finally, I've dying for a smoke! It's been like three or four days since I've had one."

Don: "Yeah well you're going to wait till we're out of here before you light those smelly ass things. Not everyone here wants to breath that nasty shit in!"

Candy: "Hey I wasn't going to smoke in here, I was going to take a step outside for a little smoke break. You wanna come with Rainy?"

Don: "What about planning our attack on the upper floors? Now's a pretty good time to be doing that!"
>>
No. 801908 ID: 91ee5f

>>801907
Oh no! I knew this day would eventually come, but I didn't think it would be so soon! We actually have to.....agree with Don! It's the end of the world! Aaaaaaah!!! DX

But for real, Don's right, we're better off planning our attack. Don't let Candy go outside because that's usually a good way to either get kidnapped or killed! Tell her to save them as a victory smoke, it'll feel better that way!
>>
No. 802257 ID: 15a025
File 149495358797.png - (15.81KB , 800x600 , 24.png )
802257

>Oh no! I knew this day would eventually come, but I didn't think it would be so soon! We actually have to.....agree with Don! It's the end of the world!

Oh the horror!

>But for real, Don's right, we're better off planning our attack.
Rainy: "For once I have to agree with you Don. We should probably start figuring out how we're going to tackle this."

Candy: "Guess I'm relaxing by myself then. I'll be back in a few."

> Don't let Candy go outside because that's usually a good way to either get kidnapped or killed! Tell her to save them as a victory smoke, it'll feel better that way!
Rainy: "Actually Candy, I'd really prefer it if you stayed in here. It could be dangerous outside and I'd hate to hear you get kidnapped again."

Candy: "But I-oh okay..."

Rainy: "So Don, how should we go about planning then? Any ideas you'd like to share?"

Don: "I say we take the elevator all the way up to floor nine-teen, then try and find the keycard that lets us use them to take the other elevators that go up further! It's a quick way to hit the top floor."

Rainy: "Okay...but what if we can't find that keycard?"

Don: Then we blast our way into the other armory on the twentieth floor, and force our way up to the top floor!"

Ronda: "Yeah...I'm not really a fan of that idea"

Don: "Well let's hear your bright idea then!"

Ronda: "It's not the best of ideas, but it's probably more viable than Don's idea. I was thinking we could sneak around one of the floors and steal some of the guards outfits. From there we might be able to sneak our way up to the top. We might need some kind of cover story for that though?"

Rainy: "I not sure about your idea either Ronda. I feel like we'd be banking on the enemy not seeing through our disguise too much."

Don: "Ha! Even she doesn't like your sissy plan Ronda!"

Ronda: "Hmm...I can see your point Rainy. Did you have anything in mind?"

Hmm...I actually feel like if we tuned up these plans a little bit, they could work. At the same time, I feel like we could come up with something a little better though? What do you think spooky spirits?
>>
No. 802284 ID: ca0e20

Well depending on if Ashley's team is sizable enough I would think both plans are good. After some tweaking perhaps.

Basically, the group should be divided into 2 main groups. An "Attack Team", who'll punch through hard and try to make as much damage as possible. I assume Ashley will join them. While the other "Sneaking Team" sneaks around while most guards are distracted by the attack team.

The Sneaking Team will be dropped off probably around floor 14 and they would have to use the stairs once the Attack Team starts their attack.

But I'm not sure how high the stairs will go, if they have a different staircase to go higher for security reasons. But that would give the opportunity to maybe look for a keycard then. Although finding one would mean that someone would have to go back and give that card to the Attack Team.

Give all the frag grenades but one to the Attack Team, which I assume Don will lead. The Sneaking Team will keep one frag grenade just in case. They'll also have all the Smoke grenade, but ask Don if he wants at least one just in case. I assume he'll turn it down, but offer anyway. it's better to be equipped.

As for who in our group will be in what team, I'd say let them decide. Ideally, the Sneaking team should be smaller, but yeah, I'd let them decide. I know Don is hankering for a fight and I'd say it's time to let him loose now that things are actually set for him to do so.

Oh and I'm not sure if the disguises will work since I bet they are looking for whatever animals have infiltrated. Kinda hard to disguise that unless someone knows a spell or something.
>>
No. 802315 ID: 91ee5f

>>802284
>Oh and I'm not sure if the disguises will work since I bet they are looking for whatever animals have infiltrated. Kinda hard to disguise that unless someone knows a spell or something.
Let's not forget that disguises are pretty much useless for Rainy, since her robot arm will easily give her away.
>>
No. 802526 ID: 15a025
File 149503735951.png - (28.08KB , 800x600 , 25'.png )
802526

>The group should be divided into 2 main groups. An "Attack Team", who'll punch through hard and try to make as much damage as possible. I assume Ashley will join them. While the other "Sneaking Team" sneaks around while most guards are distracted by the attack team. The Sneaking Team will be dropped off probably around floor 14 and they would have to use the stairs once the Attack Team starts their attack.

Now there's an idea I feel could work!

Rainy: "What if we combined both plans? We could split up into two groups. One team would focus on attacking the upper floors while the other team uses the chaos going on as good chance to sneak around?"

Ronda: "That could work. Who'd be on what team though?"

>As for who in our group will be in what team, I'd say let them decide. Ideally, the Sneaking team should be smaller, but yeah, I'd let them decide. I know Don is hankering for a fight and I'd say it's time to let him loose now that things are actually set for him to do so.

Rainy: "Well I figure we can just pick what team we want to be on."

Don: "Dibs on the attacking group!"

Ronda: "I'll be on the sneaking group."

Jill: "I'd better go with the attacking group to help take care of any chimeras that show up."
I hear Ashley step over with some other people.

Ashley: "I've managed to gather a group of twelve people to help fight!"

Candy: "What team are you going with Rainy?"

Rainy: "I guess I should go with Ronda so she isn't stuck alone."

Ronda: "Aw, thanks Rainy."

Candy: "Then I'm coming with you as well!"

>Give all the frag grenades but one to the Attack Team, which I assume Don will lead. The Sneaking Team will keep one frag grenade just in case. They'll also have all the Smoke grenade, but ask Don if he wants at least one just in case. I assume he'll turn it down, but offer anyway. it's better to be equipped.

Rainy: "Alright then, a couple parting gifts before we split up. Don, can I trust you'll use these fragmenting grenades wisely?"

Don: "Define wisely."

Rainy: "Wisely as in, not ending up hurting yourself or the others."

Don: "What, do you think I'm stupid or something?"

Rainy: "...Hey Jill, would you like some grenades?"
Don: "Oh ha ha, very funny."

Rainy: "Alright, here's five grenades for you Don."

I hand him five of the six fragmenting grenades we found.
Rainy: "I'm willing to give you a smoke grenade too if you'd like."
Don: "Yeah, I guess."

I give him one of those as well.
>>
No. 802527 ID: 15a025
File 149503740943.png - (6.27KB , 800x600 , 26.png )
802527

And with that we help the rest of Ashley's people who wanted to leave get outside, and then head to the elevators. Don drops my team off on the fourteenth floor, and takes the keycard with him.
Finally, the blindar kicks back in as well!

Ronda: "How convenient, there's a sign with directions to the different facilities on this floor."

Rainy: "Could you read the sign for me?"

Ronda: "It shows to the left, we can find bunker rooms forty to seventy and gymnasium. To the right is supposed to be a library and the stairs to the fifteenth floor."

Any place in particular we should sneak off to, or should we just wander around and see what we can't run into?
>>
No. 802543 ID: 91ee5f

>>802527
>Finally, the blindar kicks back in as well!
"Ah, finally, that error message is gone. I can see again!"

>Direction?
Wait. Remember the panda's room and how the walls folded in to hide the door and trap you and Jill in there?

Well look at the line that represents the floor meeting the wall. The line is uneven in 2 spots, which means there could be something there. Or it's a normal nonmagical hidden door that needs to be pushed or have a switch to open it.

Now that I think about it, that sign is looks out of place. Why would they hang it there when there's a wall to nail it to right there? Maybe the sign is a switch that can be pulled down?

I think that straight ahead could be an option also. And if it is, then there's gotta be something important that way, if the bad guys went through the trouble of hiding it!
>>
No. 802558 ID: ca0e20

Bunker rooms are sleeping quarters right? We could look through them just by passing by in case there's a keycard laying around, but the chances of that being the case are very slim and we can't really rely on that.

I'd say we can move on to the stairs instead. After other things are looked into if there are.
>>
No. 802638 ID: 15a025
File 149506927964.png - (8.69KB , 800x600 , 27.png )
802638

>Wait. Remember the panda's room and how the walls folded in to hide the door and trap you and Jill in there?
Yeah?

>Well look at the line that represents the floor meeting the wall. The line is uneven in 2 spots, which means there could be something there. Or it's a normal nonmagical hidden door that needs to be pushed or have a switch to open it.

I get down on the ground and start feeling around where the line is uneven. Nothing feels out of place or odd.

>Now that I think about it, that sign is looks out of place. Why would they hang it there when there's a wall to nail it to right there? Maybe the sign is a switch that can be pulled down?

I walk over to it and give it a tug. I hear something click, followed by a new door showing up on the blindar!
Ronda: "Out of curiosity, what made you think something was hidden here?"

Rainy: The floor on my blindar was looking a little funky, and then I thought it was weird how they'd have a sign hanging like that where there's a wall they could just hang it on."

We head on in and see where the new door leads. It ends up being a really tiny room.
Candy: "There's a note hanging up here."

Rainy: "What's it say?"

Candy: "Pfft! It says 'Utility closest has moved. The cleaning staff is getting tired of seeing brooms busted from being used as practice weapons.'"

I hear Ronda giggle a little bit as well.
Ronda: "I don't know about you, but I'm sure relieved that we don't have to worry about fighting a group of angry broom stick warriors now."

Rainy: "Anything else in here?"

Ronda: "Doesn't seem like it, lets' head back out."
>>
No. 802639 ID: 15a025
File 149506936743.png - (16.64KB , 800x600 , 28.png )
802639

>Bunker rooms are sleeping quarters right? We could look through them just by passing by in case there's a keycard laying around, but the chances of that being the case are very slim and we can't really rely on that.
They're probably just sleep quarters.
Rainy: "Maybe we can get lucky and find something doing a quick sweep by the bunker rooms?"

Candy: "I get the feeling there has to be at least one moron here who doesn't lock their door."

We get lucky find there's no one in the long hallway of "bunker rooms". As we making our way through, a rather familiar sound creeps up on us.
Chimera kitty: "meow!"

Candy: "Well aren't you just a friendly little thing, rubbing your head against on my legs and purring."

Rainy: "Candy be careful, that's a chimera!"

Candy: "Yeah I know, it's talking to me like- wait..."

Rainy: "What?"

Candy: "Oh man, this is awesome! Rainy guess what?"

Rainy: "What?"

Candy: "This little fellow is Tybalt! Something about getting re-incarnated? I can't really understand everything he's saying, but oh man this is awesome!"

Ronda: "I feel like I'm out of the loop here?"

I explain to Ronda about what happened at that crazy circus we went to a few days ago and what happened with Tybalt.
Candy: "Rainy, can we take him with us?"

I'm not sure how I'm feeling about this spooky spirits. It might just that general nagging paranoid feeling I've got, but something feels fishy about this chimera and how it keeps following me. What do you think?
>>
No. 802652 ID: 91ee5f

>>802639
>Tybalt, the chimera that Candy somehow tamed
Oh, that guy's back? Good for him.
*sips on tea*
.....!
*spits out tea*
WAIT, WHAT?!?! TYBALT'S BACK?!?!

>"Rainy, can we take him with us?"
Pretend she's a little kid asking her parents for a pet and give her a speech on how owning a pet is a big responsibility and she's going to have to be responsible for him. Which means she has to remember to feed him and she has to clean up any messes he makes and all that! XD

Too bad he's really tiny right now and can't give us a ride on his back like he used to do. And he's probably too small to be able to help us in a fight.

Have Candy ask Tybalt if he knows where anything important is. Keycards, weapons, where the enemy is hiding, traps, etc.
>>
No. 802653 ID: ca0e20

Something could be up. But Since this is Tybalt, I'd assume it wants to help Candy. It might have followed you to find Candy that way.

Still, we'll have to pay extra attention for anything that might hint at suspicious things going on.

Candy can take care of him I think.
>>
No. 802727 ID: 15a025
File 149514440348.png - (6.24KB , 800x600 , 29.png )
802727

>Something could be up. But Since this is Tybalt, I'd assume it wants to help Candy. It might have followed you to find Candy that way. Still, we'll have to pay extra attention for anything that might hint at suspicious things going on.

I guess for now it should be fine for now then. I'm a little worried though as we don't really have any enchantments on us to take care of it if things go south.

>Pretend she's a little kid asking her parents for a pet and give her a speech on how owning a pet is a big responsibility and she's going to have to be responsible for him.

Rainy: "Well I don't know Candy, demonic pets from some other realm of existence are a big responsibility. Do you think you can handle that?"

Candy: "Haha, okay mom, I promise I'll take good care of him!"

>Have Candy ask Tybalt if he knows where anything important is. Keycards, weapons, where the enemy is hiding, traps, etc
Rainy: "Candy, can you ask Tybalt if knows where anything important is? Maybe he knows where that keycard we need might be!"
Candy starts speaking, but I can't understand her, and her voice sounds weird and a little deeper?

Ronda: "Is that normal?"

Candy: "Tybalt says he doesn't know where something like that would be."

Rainy: "What about if there's any traps around here we should watch out for?"
Candy starts talking to Tybalt again.

Candy: "Yeah he says we need to be careful if we go to the really high up floors, some of the doors can be locked from the outside."

Note taken. We finish sneaking around the hallway and then head off to the stairs to the next floor. As we're climbing up though, one of the radios goes off.

???: "Floor nine-teen is under attacking! Requesting permission to send out the chimeras!"

???: "[i]Permission granted, sending in five tamers with armored chimeras.
"
Sounds like Don's already got things heated up there.
>>
No. 802728 ID: 15a025
File 149514445885.png - (7.87KB , 800x600 , 30.png )
802728

When we hit the top of the stairs, the blindar shows me there's some just around the corner!

Rainy: "Quick, get behind the wall. Someone's coming!"

We end press up against the wall and start listening. There's a pair having a conversation.
Guard 1: "Hey, shush...you just hear something?"

Guard 2: "Nah, I think you're hearing things."
>>
No. 802729 ID: 15a025
File 149514448648.png - (3.92KB , 800x600 , 31.png )
802729

Guard 1: "Whatever. Actually, can you wait here for a second. I'm heading back to my room real quick to grab something."

Guard 2: "Fine, just hurry up. I'd like to get gym downstairs before they lock it up."

One of the hearts disappears from the blindar, leaving just one guard on there now.
>>
No. 802777 ID: ca0e20

They seem chill for guards in a building under attack.

Well, they gave us an opportunity to divide and conquer by dividing for us. Go take that person out quietly. Once knocked out, you can drag them around the corner with you guys and wait for the other guy to come back to take them out too.

Maybe leave something off the first guard around the corner, near said corner in their hallway, that could make the second one investigate closer. Then when they are close enough, you can pop out from around the corner and take them out too.
>>
No. 802918 ID: 15a025
File 149521568914.gif - (16.51KB , 800x600 , 32.gif )
802918

>They seem chill for guards in a building under attack.
Maybe they don't know yet?

>Well, they gave us an opportunity to divide and conquer by dividing for us. Go take that person out quietly. Once knocked out, you can drag them around the corner with you guys and wait for the other guy to come back to take them out too.
Rainy: "I'm going to try and knock them out. Ronda, can you ready a spell in case I mess up?"

Ronda: "One rocky thorn, coming right up!"

I don't really know if he's looking my way or not. Maybe I can get him to come to us instead? I wonder if tapping on the wall can get him to come over here? I start lightly tapping it.
Guard 2: "Great now I'm starting to hear things."

I start tapping the wall a little harder.
Guard 2: "Okay, I'm game. Who's over there?"

I just start tapping on the wall faster, and then stop shortly after to listen for their footsteps. Once I see their heart pop around the corner I clunk them on the head with the serious business arm, knocking them out.

Candy: "Ha, nice one!"

>Maybe leave something off the first guard around the corner, near said corner in their hallway, that could make the second one investigate closer. Then when they are close enough, you can pop out from around the corner and take them out too.
Rainy: "Alright, let's set up a trap to bait the other guard. If we leave something of this guy's on the ground, he might stop by it and look closer at it. Then with his guard dropped, I can sneak up and knock him out too!"

I hear Candy giggle a bit.
Rainy: "What?"

Candy: "I say we take his pants and leave them out on the ground."

Ronda: "I can't see that working out too well. What if we leave this ID badge on the ground instead?"

Candy: "That's pretty boring and small. He might miss it and walk by. That or he's going to see that and know something's up right away."

Ronda: "Well what about his shirt then?"

Candy: "I don't know, Rainy what do you think?"
>>
No. 802929 ID: ca0e20

... pants definitely would be odd enough. Unless they decide to assume that it's because someone's doing something lewd... Actually there's a good chance they would rush instead.

I actually think pants might just be the oddest choice. Enough to pique at the other guard's curiosity to have him investigate, for whatever reason he ends up doing so.
>>
No. 802931 ID: 91ee5f

I guess pants will work. You better hope he isn't going commando under there!

Oh, wait, you're blind, so you don't have to worry about seeing anything if he is going commando. Looks like being blind for this is a good thing!
>>
No. 802966 ID: 15a025
File 149523504689.png - (5.01KB , 800x600 , 33.png )
802966

>I guess pants will work. You better hope he isn't going commando under there! Oh, wait, you're blind, so you don't have to worry about seeing anything if he is going commando. Looks like being blind for this is a good thing!

>Pants definitely would be odd enough. Unless they decide to assume that it's because someone's doing something lewd... Actually there's a good chance they would rush instead. I actually think pants might just be the oddest choice. Enough to pique at the other guard's curiosity to have him investigate, for whatever reason he ends up doing so.

Rainy: "I get the feeling pants might just be odd enough to actually work."

Candy: "So who wants the honors here?"

Rainy: "It was your idea, so you do it."

I hear buttons clicking and some ruffling noise as Candy gets the bait ready.
Candy: "I'll go set them around the corner real quick."

With the bait in place now, all we have to do is wait.

A couple minutes later the guard comes back, but now he's armed?
Guard 2: "Hey stupid, you forget your belt today or-"
*Clunk*

I think I'm starting to get a hang of controlling the serious business arm's strength finally. I grab the weapon he was carrying and try to find out what it is. I accidentally end up poking myself with the sharp end. Guess it's some kind of knife.

Ronda: "I'm going to take their id badges, we might be able to use them to get in places.Is that okay?"

Rainy: "Yeah that's fine. Better take them now than find out we'd need one and have to sneak around for it again later."
>>
No. 802968 ID: 15a025
File 149523508253.png - (10.94KB , 800x600 , 34.png )
802968

We carefully move around the halls again until Ronda point's out there's another directions sign.

Ronda: "It says straight ahead is the library and the staircase to the next floor, to the right is a kitchen and bathroom, and off to the left is a shooting range."
>>
No. 802975 ID: 91ee5f

>>802968
Does anyone need to go to the bathroom real quick? You might not get another chance to relieve your bladders later, so you might want to do it now.

After that, or if no one needs to go, check the sign in case there's something behind it or it's a switch again. Then continue on to the stairs.
>>
No. 803019 ID: ca0e20

>I think I'm starting to get a hang of controlling the serious business arm's strength finally.

All you have to do, is practice!

>Directions

To the stairs again!

So many libraries! I think if there's a third one, we might have to check it out to see what'd the big deal. I mean I know books are magic or whatever, but seriously!

Although it's in the same way of the stairs, so if it's on the way, maybe have someone peek in to see if it's filled. Or has anything interesting in it.
>>
No. 803427 ID: 15a025
File 149539353870.png - (12.51KB , 800x600 , 35.png )
803427

>Does anyone need to go to the bathroom real quick? You might not get another chance to relieve your bladders later, so you might want to do it now.
*One bathroom break later*

>After that, or if no one needs to go, check the sign in case there's something behind it or it's a switch again. Then continue on to the stairs.
I mess around with the sign for a bit, but nothing happens this time.

>So many libraries! I think if there's a third one, we might have to check it out to see what'd the big deal. I mean I know books are magic or whatever, but seriously!
Reading's an important thing that not many people these days seem to be interested in. This just reminds me I really need to get braille down so I can get back into reading again.

>Although it's in the same way of the stairs, so if it's on the way, maybe have someone peek in to see if it's filled. Or has anything interesting in it.
Rainy: "Let's make our way to the stairs. Before we head on up though, I'm a little curious about the library. Think we could sneak a peek at it before we head up?"
Ronda: "If you want to, sure!"

Lucky us! When we come across the library, it seems to be pretty dead inside!
Ronda: "Peeping through the window thing here, I only see one person inside. I'm assuming that since they're sitting behind a desk with some books that they're the librarian here."
Candy: "If there's only just the librarian in there, maybe we could get away with knocking them out and taking some books?"
>>
No. 803430 ID: ca0e20

Candy... Are you a klepto?

I mean, if she can give a good reason why the books might be helpful in some way, I'd be down with that plan. But I suspect none of your stats will go up if you glance at any of them. Is there a ritual section?
>>
No. 803601 ID: 15a025
File 149547933522.png - (13.70KB , 800x600 , 36.png )
803601

>I mean, if she can give a good reason why the books might be helpful in some way, I'd be down with that plan. But I suspect none of your stats will go up if you glance at any of them.
Rainy: "Why? Is there a book in there that catches your eye?"

Candy: "There's a couple books I can see from the window here that might be useful. I can see a copy of 'The encyclopedia of enchanted items and spells: December of 2000 edition.' sitting on a new releases shelf. There's also some books and magazines about chimeras that might be helpful?"

>Is there a ritual section?
Rainy: "How about anything like a ritual section or books that talk about those?"

Candy: "Yup, it's right next to that new releases section."

Rainy: "Okay, let's go in then."

I hear Candy try and open the library door, but it sounds like it's locked?
Candy: "Shoot, it says we need an ID badge to open the door."

Ronda: "Guess it's a good thing I took those ID badges from the guards then. Here, try swiping it through that slot over there"

I hear Candy slide the card through the scanner, and then the scanner gives a cheery sounding beep. As we try to quietly come in, a little bell jingles and alerts the librarian of our presence.

Librarian: "Oh, afternoon ladies. What are you doing here out of uniform?"

Candy: "One of those klutz of a scientist spilled their potion or something all over our damn uniforms. We're waiting for them to be de-contaminated right now and figured reading up on some stuff would help pass the time."

Librarian: "Oh, you're from that department. Your little friend with the helmet had me thinking you were the guards coming in to look for-"

I interrupt the librarian and bonk them in the head with the serious business arm, knocking them out.
Rainy: "Alright Candy, you go grab that encyclopedia of enchantments and some of those chimera books. Ronda and I are going to skim through the ritual section and see if we can't find anything about that ritual Jill was talking about."
>>
No. 803602 ID: 15a025
File 149547938927.png - (11.28KB , 800x600 , 37.png )
803602

Over in the ritual section Ronda finds a book that has a section about the chimera queen!
Ronda: "Ah! Advanced guide to summoning rituals for chimeras. It's really brief, but this section on the chimera queen lists what would be needed for the ritual!"

Rainy: "Well it's a start. What's needed?"

Ronda: "It says to perform the ritual, a large group of powerful chimeras must be sacrificed as the first offering. Next, they need a special vase filled with the blood of a holly one? The last thing needed is...a piece of a sage?"

Rainy: "A piece of a sage? What does-"
>>
No. 803603 ID: 15a025
File 149547941703.png - (5.58KB , 800x600 , 38.png )
803603

Those bells jingle again and cut me off. The blindar switches views on me and shows there's someone else in the library now.
>>
No. 803614 ID: 91ee5f

>>803612
>You guys are in line of sight.
No they're not. They're behind a tall bookshelf. Candy on the other hand.....
>>
No. 803623 ID: ca0e20

>>803614
oh, that second heart is Tybalt... I thought a a big heart and a small heart came in, whoops.
>>
No. 803625 ID: ca0e20

Move the west and wait to see what they'll do. Gotta cover their flank. If it looks like they are starting to move aggressively toward Candy, you'll be able to pop out and get them from behind. Which might not be right away since I think the librarian is hidden by the desk? Otherwise, getting close enough to knock them would be the goal. But long distance, Ronda should be able to get to them with one of her spells.
>>
No. 803779 ID: 15a025
File 149551498328.png - (5.69KB , 800x600 , 39.png )
803779

>Move the west and wait to see what they'll do. Gotta cover their flank. If it looks like they are starting to move aggressively toward Candy, you'll be able to pop out and get them from behind. Which might not be right away since I think the librarian is hidden by the desk? Otherwise, getting close enough to knock them would be the goal. But long distance, Ronda should be able to get to them with one of her spells.

Rainy: "Okay Ronda hop on up my shoulder, we might have some trouble."
Ronda perches herself on me as I get up to the edge of the bookshelf waiting for the Blindar to show me what happens. I hear them try to start a conversation with the knocked out librarian.

???: "Hello, I'm here to return some books."

...

???: "Hello?"

...

???: "Hey, you over there! What happened to the librarian!"

Candy: "Shhh! I'm trying to read over here ya loud mouth!"

???: "Yeah well I'm trying to return these books before I get slapped with a late fee!"

Candy and the person who just wants to return their books start having a shouting match with each other. While they're distracted I knock him out.

Candy: "Thanks for the save Rainy!"

I kinda feel bad for the poor guy. He just wanted to return his books. I decide to pick them up and place them on the librarian's desk.
Candy: "Hey, what's that thingy behind the desk?"

Ronda: "Looks shiny!"

Rainy: "Candy, could you grab it and tell us what it is?"

Candy: "Sure."
>>
No. 803780 ID: 15a025
File 149551502325.png - (7.45KB , 800x600 , 40.png )
803780

Candy: "Whoa!"

Rainy: "What?"

Candy: "Guess what?"

Rainy: "What is it?"

Candy: "It's one of those key cards and it's labeled 'master keycard, top level security clearance'!"
>>
No. 803880 ID: ca0e20

This should work for the elevators right? Find an elevator to test it!

If it works, radio the other team and ask them what their situation is and on what floor they currently in. Some of them could come with (since I assume there's too many people to fit in an elevator... Assuming that most of them didn't die...)

At least, I feel like Jill should probably be there if you find the ritual.

Also, don't lose the card =)
>>
No. 804160 ID: 15a025
File 149564469089.png - (9.54KB , 800x600 , 41.png )
804160

>This should work for the elevators right? Find an elevator to test it!
Rainy: "We need to find an elevator we can test this out on. If it works for the elevators, we might be able to use those special ones Don mentioned that can go to the top floors!"

Ronda: "Let's start looking for one then!"

We leave the library and slip through the halls without running into any more guards. After a little bit of leg work, we find an elevator and try swiping the keycard. Shortly after, the elevator dings and I hear the doors slide open!

Ronda: "It worked!"

>If it works, radio the other team and ask them what their situation is and on what floor they currently in. Some of them could come with (since I assume there's too many people to fit in an elevator... Assuming that most of them didn't die...) At least, I feel like Jill should probably be there if you find the ritual.

I pull out the radio and double check with Ronda that it's our radio and not the one we took from the enemy. I press down the talk button and try and get in touch with Don.

Rainy: "Hello, Don can you hear me?"

Jill: "Don's busy making a mess up here with the others, do you need him?"

Rainy: "No that's fine Jill, it's nothing urgent here. We found the master keycard and wanted to know what floor you're on?"

Jill: "I'll try and get Don to bring us over to the elevator then. "

I put the radio away and walk into the elevator.
Rainy: "Alright Candy, bring us up to floor twenty."

Candy: "Going up!"
>>
No. 804161 ID: 15a025
File 149564479584.png - (4.39KB , 800x600 , 42.png )
804161

When the elevator dings and lets us off, we find Jill standing out there waiting for us.
Rainy: "Where's Don the Ashley's friends?"

Jill: "Mowing their way through a hoard of chimeras."

Rainy: "Don't they need you to kill chimeras?"

Jill: "Ashley's got light spells."

That's kind of news to me. I wonder why Ashley didn't tell us that before?

Jill: "So, where are we heading now?"
>>
No. 804180 ID: ca0e20

I don't know why but this seems suspicious. Don't let her in right away.

Ask her if she told Don and the rest about the keycard. Did they want to just continue fighting?

... What did Don say specifically?
>>
No. 804284 ID: 15a025
File 149568704838.png - (7.22KB , 800x600 , 43.png )
804284

>I don't know why but this seems suspicious. Don't let her in right away. Ask her if she told Don and the rest about the keycard. Did they want to just continue fighting?
Rainy: "Hold on, did you tell and the others about the keycard?"

Jill: "Yes."

Rainy: "And what did Don say when you told him?"

Jill: "He said 'Then go up there and do what you need to do! I'm staying here doing what I came here to do!'"

That does sound like something Don might say.

Jill: "Find anything out about where the- watch out!"

Rainy: "Huh?"

Jill pushes me to the side and comes in the elevator!
Jill: "Holy Arrow!"

Candy: "Hey what the hell you trying to shoot me for!"

Jill: "There's a chimera behind you!"
>>
No. 804344 ID: ca0e20

Don't worry, that one is a pet. Let Candy handle it.

Well since Jill was just acting odd and not being so, let's just go to the top floor then? That has to be where everything important is. Leader and ritual.
>>
No. 804345 ID: 91ee5f

>>804284
Ughhhh, this is going to be hard to explain..... -_-;;
>>
No. 804426 ID: 15a025
File 149574926439.png - (10.87KB , 800x600 , 44.png )
804426

>Ughhhh, this is going to be hard to explain.
You can say that again.

>Don't worry, that one is a pet. Let Candy handle it.
Rainy: "We know Jill, don't worry about it. Tybalt's a nice chimera. Candy can handle him."

Jill: "I don't trust it. Chimeras are dangerous beasts that'll do anything to consume your soul."

Candy: "Even kill a bunch of those cultists and carry us out of a circus death trap?"

Jill: "I feel like I'm really out of the loop here now?"

I try to get Jill up to speed about our little adventure at the circus and how we got Tybalt.
Jill: "I...alright. I'll leave it be for now."

>Well since Jill was just acting odd and not being so, let's just go to the top floor then? That has to be where everything important is. Leader and ritual.
Rainy: "Okay with that settled, Candy take us to the top floor!"

Candy: "Elevator going up!"

As the elevator goes up, I hear Tybalt start to snarl.

Candy: "Tybalt says there's something nasty and wicked coming up here."

The elevator dings and let's us out in front of someone.
???: "Do you have reservations with the master?"

Candy: "Yeah, my fist has a reservation with his face!"

Bouncer person: "I'm afraid if you don't have a reservation, my pets will have to escort you out."
>>
No. 804429 ID: ca0e20

>my pets will have to escort you out.

I guess he's not fighting right away? You can focus on the Chimeras for now.

Jill must be charging for something, either protect her while she charges of try to immobilize one of the Chimera to allow her to hit it more easily.

Candy and Tybalt can occupy the other one, I think?
>>
No. 804464 ID: 15a025
File 149576166656.gif - (29.32KB , 800x600 , 45.gif )
804464

>Jill must be charging for something, either protect her while she charges of try to immobilize one of the Chimera to allow her to hit it more easily.
I move closer to Jill and get ready clobber some chimeras!

>Candy and Tybalt can occupy the other one, I think?
Rainy: "Candy, can you and Tybalt handle the other chimera?"

Candy: "We'll try our best to!"

Jill: "Try and keep your distance Rainy, they're charging up a spell!"

I hear the one on the right start running towards me! I step to the side a little and land a powerful punch on the chimera! In retaliation, the chimera lets out a fierce roar and fires off a spell. I hear it hit my shield as it shatters like glass.

Ronda: "Rainy you alright?"

Rainy: "I'm fine, just a broken shield."

Jill: "I hope this is enough... Holy sage of light Lain, lend me your strength to vanquish this shadow that attacks my friend. Holy Arrow!"

A series of arrows appear on the blindar and storm down on to the chimera's heart.
Rainy: "Nice shot Jill!"

Jill: "Not good enough though, it's still-"

A loud explosion goes off an interrupts Jill.
Jill: "Did...did my arrows just explode?!"
>>
No. 804476 ID: 91ee5f

>>804464
>Jill: "Did...did my arrows just explode?!"
Didn't Oscar or someone say that using the same spell repeatedly builds up your familiarity with it and that allows it to become a more powerful version of that spell? I know someone said that, I just can't remember who.

Anyways, it makes sense that Jill's spell got more powerful. After all, Holy Arrow has been the spell she's always used ever since you met her, so it makes sense that it's gotten more powerful from how often she's been using it.
>>
No. 804681 ID: 15a025
File 149590033360.png - (6.06KB , 800x600 , 46.png )
804681

>Didn't Oscar or someone say that using the same spell repeatedly builds up your familiarity with it and that allows it to become a more powerful version of that spell? I know someone said that, I just can't remember who.
I can't recall who told me that either? I should probably pass that advice along to Jill.

Rainy: "Jill, the more times you cast a spell, the stronger it can get!"

Jill: "Huh, guess you learn something new every day."

Candy: "Hey a little help here please?"

Jill: "Rainy, try and distract the chimera while I charge up another spell!"

I dash over to the other chimera and try to land a hit on it with the serious business arm, but miss!

Candy: "Hey watch your leg!"

Rainy: "Huh?"
Something hits my leg and trips me, and before I can think about what's going on the chimera's trying to keep me pinned to the ground!
>>
No. 804684 ID: ca0e20

Don't you have a taser? I forget. Use that if you have one!

Otherwise, shooting him with your pistol hand (or whatever gun you're carrying if you have one) while trying to move from under it might be in order.

Whatever you do, try to move from under it.
>>
No. 804718 ID: 15a025
File 149591759664.gif - (16.72KB , 800x600 , 47.gif )
804718

>Don't you have a taser? I forget. Use that if you have one!
I do have a taser! Unfortunately I can't get my other arm free to push the taster button!

>Otherwise, shooting him with your pistol hand (or whatever gun you're carrying if you have one) while trying to move from under it might be in order.
Since I can't turn my hand into the pistol hand, I grab the pistol I've got on my lil belt and fire off five shots on the chimera! While it roars in pain I manage to roll away from it.
>>
No. 804719 ID: 15a025
File 149591764036.gif - (16.17KB , 800x600 , 48.gif )
804719

Jill: "Holy Arrow!"

Welp, make that two down now!
>>
No. 804720 ID: 15a025
File 149591765962.png - (4.87KB , 800x600 , 49.png )
804720

Bouncer : "Guess I'm going to have to dirty my hands now and see you out myself!"
>>
No. 804882 ID: ca0e20

Everyone should spread out to cover more area around the Bouncer and to make sure they can't use some kind of area of effect spell. Except for Rainy, who should continue to protect Jill.
>>
No. 804890 ID: 91ee5f

>>804720
Those bright purple things at the corners of the door weren't there before! What are they supposed to be?
>>
No. 804938 ID: 15a025
File 149602613575.png - (5.19KB , 800x600 , 50.png )
804938

>Everyone should spread out to cover more area around the Bouncer and to make sure they can't use some kind of area of effect spell. Except for Rainy, who should continue to protect Jill.

Rainy: "Candy, Ronda, spread out to different sides of the hall here. That way we can minimize the damages of any area spells he has!"

Ronda: "Good thinking!"

>Those bright purple things at the corners of the door weren't there before! What are they supposed to be?
Rainy: "Also, something's showing up on the blindar by the corners of the door. What are those things?"

Ronda: "Some weird bright purple flames."

After she answers, another flame pops up on the blindar!
>>
No. 804939 ID: 15a025
File 149602617665.gif - (15.86KB , 800x600 , 51.gif )
804939

Bouncer: "I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to keep it down before you disturb the master. Froggie, if you'll assist me!"

Another heart pops up on the blindar.

Candy: "You're going to have a frog fight us now?"

Frog: "Ribbit!"

The frog hops off in Candy's direction?

Jill: "Careful, that's no regular frog! It's a frog spirit!"

Frog: "Ribbit!"

Now the frog hops toward me and Jill?
>>
No. 805022 ID: ca0e20

Punt the frog!
>>
No. 805036 ID: 91ee5f

That's weird. That symbol that was above the Bouncer is now following the frog. Is that significant somehow?

Since the Bouncer is just standing there, let's try shooting him!
>>
No. 805172 ID: 15a025
File 149616432156.gif - (20.29KB , 800x600 , 52.gif )
805172

>Punt the frog!
I run up to the frog and kick the little stinker up as hard as I can. It goes flying on the blindar and hits the bouncer!

Bouncer: "Well that back fired on-ack!"

The flames disappear from the blindar. Wonder why? The bouncer person starts having a coughing fit as well?

Jill: "Nice going Rainy, you cursed him with his own curse spell!"

Rainy: "Huh?"

Jill: "That frog spirit was cursed, and you just kicked it right into him."

Bouncer: "Don't think I'm-ribbit done for yet!"

Candy: "Heh, what's wrong there, got a frog in your throat?"

Bouncer: "Ribbit!"
>>
No. 805173 ID: 15a025
File 149616438618.gif - (13.53KB , 800x600 , 53.gif )
805173

>Since the Bouncer is just standing there, let's try shooting him!
Since I'm still have the pistol out, I decide to use that and save battery power on the serious business arm. I don't think he's going to stand around while I try to aim at him, so I try to take a quick shot with the pistol and try to shoot to disable.

Bouncer: "M..my leg!"

I hear the bouncer fall over.

Rainy: "I think this fight's over. Can we please see your master now?"

Bouncer: "ribbit..."

Rainy: "I'll take that as a yes. Jill, can you charge up a spell and keep it ready while I tie him up?"

Jill: "Sure."

I dig out the zip ties from my bag as well as the duct tape. I carefully walk over to him and bind his hands together with the zip ties. After securing his hands, I slap a strip of duct tape over his mouth.

Rainy: "Alright let's head in!"
>>
No. 805174 ID: 15a025
File 149616441596.png - (12.96KB , 800x600 , 54.png )
805174

???: "Well if it isn't our favorite little delivery girl. Finally change your mind and decide to hand deliver that lovely arm of yours to me?"
>>
No. 805175 ID: 094652

... Unbelievable. He's had HOW long to come up with that insult?

Retort with "Oh absolutely, there seems to be a smudge on the address though, should I send it to 'Your Balls, Ripemout' or 'Up Your Ass, Fireaway'?"
>>
No. 805178 ID: ca0e20

I think the same plan is in order: everyone spread out while you protect Jill.

This seems like the ritual place right? I assume she has a plan to try and prevent what is suppose to happen.
>>
No. 805250 ID: 15a025
File 149624717061.gif - (16.74KB , 800x600 , 55.gif )
805250

>Retort with "Oh absolutely, there seems to be a smudge on the address though, should I send it to 'Your Balls, Ripemout' or 'Up Your Ass, Fireaway'?"

Rainy: "Yup, I'm here to... oh hang on? I... I can't seem to see the shipping address. I'll just have to bring it to 'Up yours, Fireaway!' "
I whip out the pistol and quickly fire of two shots with the pistol, but miss by a little bit.
>>
No. 805251 ID: 15a025
File 149624724104.gif - (77.87KB , 800x600 , 56.gif )
805251

???: "I guess I'll have to have my pet take it by force then! Vile creatures of bone and rotting flesh, lend me hand and give me that girls arm!"

A few chimeras pops up on the rug!

???: " I'll be back in a few. Try not to enjoy yourselves too much while I'm gone!"

What! A ladder pops up on the blindar and he's making a run for it?

Jill: "I don't think so coward! Arrow!"

The arrow hits one of the chimeras and explodes!

Jill: "Shoot, he got away!"
>>
No. 805252 ID: 15a025
File 149624730942.png - (9.40KB , 800x600 , 57.png )
805252

>I think the same plan is in order: everyone spread out while you protect Jill.

Rainy: "Alright everyone spread out and attack!"

Candy: "Heads up, another chimera just came in looking for some trouble!"

Jill: "How? There's no one here to summon another chimera!"
>>
No. 805257 ID: 91ee5f

>>805252
It's the rug. It's got a symbol of a star inside of a circle, which is usually a magical symbol. Plus, it was glowing right before that new chimera showed up.

So, burn it, shred it with sharp pointy rocks, throw a grenade on it, it doesn't matter how you do it, just destroy that rug to stop it from summoning chimeras!
>>
No. 805418 ID: 15a025
File 149633491333.gif - (226.29KB , 800x600 , 58.gif )
805418

>It's the rug. It's got a symbol of a star inside of a circle, which is usually a magical symbol. Plus, it was glowing right before that new chimera showed up.

Rainy: "There's some kind of magic circle showing up by the rug on the blindar. Maybe we destroy the rug we can stop the chimeras from being summoned!"

Jill: "Alright, I'll focus on killing off the chimeras. You and your friends focus on getting rid of that summoning circle!"

> So, burn it, shred it with sharp pointy rocks, throw a grenade on it, it doesn't matter how you do it, just destroy that rug to stop it from summoning chimeras.

Rainy: "Ronda, let's try using our spike spell to tear up the rug and help Jill out with the chimeras!"

Ronda: "Now there's a sharp idea!"

I go through the casting motions Ronda and Oscar taught me, and fire off my one liner!

Rainy: "Time to get rid of these thorns in my side, slab stab!"

Ronda: "Stick it to them, Rocky Road!"

Jill: "Holy light, lend me your power and help vanquish these creatures of darkness. Holy Arrow Storm!"
>>
No. 805419 ID: 15a025
File 149633494801.png - (7.89KB , 800x600 , 59.png )
805419

Candy: "Whoa, that's a pretty big hole there!"

Jill: "The right side of the room is mostly intact Poor bookshelf. We can cross over there.

Just to be safe, we hold onto each other as we cross the room. Once across, we make the climb up the ladder and end up on the roof?
>>
No. 805420 ID: 15a025
File 149633498435.png - (3.63KB , 800x600 , 60.png )
805420

???: "You managed to get past my chimeras!?"

Jill: "There's no way we'd lose to your petty monsters!"

???: "Well, you know what they say then? If you want a job done right, do it yourself!"

Oh shoot, he's coming for us!
>>
No. 805425 ID: ca0e20

Looks like there's another summoning circle, but also a bottle?

Throw a smoke grenade just in front of you and then move out of the way. Smoke won't do much for it's current attack, but this place is pretty exposed and the smoke could help a bit.

If someone can get past him, taking a closer look to the bottle might be a thing to do.
>>
No. 805434 ID: 91ee5f

>>805420
Looks like he was stalling for time so that he could finish whatever summoning circle he had up here. And look at the size of it! You think this is what Jill was trying to stop? Because that looks big enough and special enough to be what's going to summon the Chimera Queen!

First, get out of the way of his attack! Then have someone focus on destroying that circle while the rest focus on beating the shit out of this guy! I'm pretty sure Jill would know what to do, since it was her mission and all that, so she should go take care of the circle!
>>
No. 805856 ID: 15a025
File 149661076111.png - (61.93KB , 800x600 , 61.png )
805856

>First, get out of the way of his attack!
>Throw a smoke grenade just in front of you and then move out of the way. Smoke won't do much for its current attack, but this place is pretty exposed and the smoke could help a bit.

I take a quick side step and pull one of the smoke grenades out of the bag and chuck it to the ground!
>>
No. 805857 ID: 15a025
File 149661081226.png - (107.50KB , 800x600 , 62.png )
805857

>Then have someone focus on destroying that circle while the rest focus on beating the shit out of this guy! I'm pretty sure Jill would know what to do, since it was her mission and all that, so she should go take care of the circle!

Rainy: "We'll keep this guy busy Jill. You go focus on stopping the ritual!"

Jill: "On it!"

???: "I don't think so! Block out the holy light, shadow barrier!"
A big purple wall pops up on the blindar.

Jill: "You're only delaying the inevitable here!"
>>
No. 805858 ID: 15a025
File 149661085042.gif - (156.73KB , 800x600 , 63.gif )
805858

While he's focused on Jill, I take the opportunity to throw a punch his way! When I hit him, something flashes on the blindar?

???: "Nice try, but I've come prepared for that arm of yours! Now hand it over!"

Ah! He's grabbing and yanking the serious business arm!
>>
No. 805860 ID: 7b65b9

Tell him to yank harder( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Try reaching your taser button and shocking him.
If that doesn't work, try the rocket punch.
>>
No. 805862 ID: 91ee5f

>>805858
Switch to taser, grab his arm, and give him a zap! While you're doing that, squeeze as hard as you can and try to crush his arm and/or rip his arm off his body and beat him with it! Yeah, I know it'll be gross, but desperate times call for desperate measures!

Also, since you're gonna be holding him in place, make sure you tell your other teammates to gang up on him while he's stuck in place!
>>
No. 806087 ID: 15a025
File 149669533186.gif - (77.82KB , 800x600 , 64.gif )
806087

>Try reaching your taser button and shocking him.
>Switch to taser, grab his arm, and give him a zap!

Rainy: "But did you come prepared for this!"
I pound the taser button on the serious business arm and fire away! His heart on the blindar starts flashing a bright yellow as the taser zaps away at him!
>>
No. 806088 ID: 15a025
File 149669542457.gif - (44.14KB , 800x600 , 65.gif )
806088

>Also, since you're gonna be holding him in place, make sure you tell your other teammates to gang up on him while he's stuck in place!

Rainy: "Candy, Ronda, Jill, hurry and gang up on him while I've got him stunned!"

Jill: "Holy light, shatter through the shadows that protects this evil! Dispel!"

???: "No, my shield!"

And there goes the smoke from the grenade as well?

Candy: "Alright Tybalt go- Rainy watch it!"

His heart stops flashing and I feel the taser reel back in!

???: "Well that was a shocking surprise!"

Candy: "Quick, Tybalt go help Rainy!"
>>
No. 806089 ID: 15a025
File 149669551718.png - (8.43KB , 800x600 , 66.png )
806089

???: "Ah how nice of you to bring me another chimera to sacrifice for the summoning!"

I feel something grab on to my back and lifts me into the air!

Candy: "Tybalt says he's carrying you to the other side of the roof! He also says it'd be nice if you'd drop some pounds though, you're a little heavy for him!"

Rainy: "Then here, catch my bags!"

???: "Guess I'm just going to have to shoot you down then! And hope that arm is still salvageable after words."

Candy: "Like I'm going to stand around and let you shoot my friends!"

As Tybalt carries me over to the other side, I hear a few gunshots fire off in my direction but none of them manage to hit me or Tybalt. Once we're on the other side, he sets me down on the ground.
>>
No. 806091 ID: 15a025
File 149669594045.gif - (18.50KB , 800x600 , 67.gif )
806091

Rainy: "Jill, what do I need to do to stop this ritual thing!"
...

Rainy: "Jill?"

Rainy: "Anyone?"



Spooky Spirits?
>>
No. 806132 ID: ca0e20

What if you touch the barrier? is it solid? Or does it hurt you?

If it's solid, you can try punching it with your business arm.

If it hurts, try touching it with your business arm. If it goes through, maybe you can drop or throw something in there! We still have a frag grenade? You could try throwing the grenade on the star! Maybe even toward that pot since the content glows with the circle!
>>
No. 806140 ID: 91ee5f

>>806091
Oh, come on! A sound proof magic wall?! Ughhhhhh! But don't worry, we're still here!

Well, I think the obvious thing is to not touch the circle! Don't even step on it at all!

Try the radio. Maybe that'll let you talk to Jill? Or could you ask Tybalt to go get Jill and bring her over here? Or maybe you could call in the cavalry and radio Don and tell him to bring anyone that can fly up to the roof to fight the enemy boss?

Well, let's try throwing a grenade on it and hope it's a frag grenade! .....wait, were all the grenades in the bags you tossed?

Anyways, since the bad guy is outnumbered, he's probably backing up towards the barrier and is going to pass through it to get to you and keep your friends out! So be ready to shoot him when he comes through! .....if he comes through.

Why is he so obsessed over the robot arm? It's just a normal robot arm, right? .....unless there's something special about it? Let's think about that later. After you've kicked this guy's ass!

If all else fails, you've still got the Rocket Punch! However doing that will leave you with only 1 arm, so save it for only if you really need to use it!
>>
No. 806159 ID: ca0e20

>>806132
ok, I guess I read wrong. Somehow didn't get we were inside.
>>
No. 806639 ID: 15a025
File 149686554272.png - (3.61KB , 800x600 , 68.png )
806639

>Oh, come on! A sound proof magic wall?! Ughhhhhh! But don't worry, we're still here!

Whew...at least I've still got you around. I'm not really sure how the barrier would be sound proof though? There's a huge hole up top we came through.

>Well, I think the obvious thing is to not touch the circle! Don't even step on it at all!
Note taken!
>What if you touch the barrier? is it solid? Or does it hurt you? If it's solid, you can try punching it with your business arm.

I touch the barrier with my regular arm and jump back when it stings and burns my hoof! I try poking it with the serious business arm, but pull it back when I hear it sizzle a bit.

>Well, let's try throwing a grenade on it and hope it's a frag grenade! .....wait, were all the grenades in the bags you tossed?

Ouf..yeah they were in the bags. Along with the radios as well.

>Anyways, since the bad guy is outnumbered, he's probably backing up towards the barrier and is going to pass through it to get to you and keep your friends out! So be ready to shoot him when he comes through! .....if he comes through.

Or..hmm. I wonder if I could just shoot through the barrier? wait no, bad idea. It might just bounce back and hit me! I want to save the ammo I've got in the serious business arm as I can't re-load that easily or alone. I take a clip of pistol ammo I've got on my little belt and use it to re-load pistol instead. After that I use the time I've got here to try and ready my aim on him in case he moves in here to get me!

>could you ask Tybalt to go get Jill and bring her over here?
Rainy: "Tybalt, could please bring Jill over here to help?"

I hear Tybalt flap his wings and fly away, so I assume he understood me? Oh.. I hear something else that's a little unsettling though. I can hear some kind of propellers in the distance, but I don't see anything on the blindar? I'm not sure if I should try and worry about that now or not?
>>
No. 806643 ID: ca0e20

Investigate jar. But keep a eye up in case something do eventually show up.
>>
No. 806649 ID: 91ee5f

>>806639
>I'm not really sure how the barrier would be sound proof though? There's a huge hole up top we came through.
I don't know how either. Magic is weird. Says the magic necklace you're wearing.

>I can hear some kind of propellers in the distance, but I don't see anything on the blindar?
I believe that's the sound of a helicopter or multiple helicopters.

That could either be help from the King after Oscar called ahead and told the King about what was going on or it's the enemy helicopters that were attacking the King's castle and they're coming back after their boss called and told them that you're here and not over there.

Unfortunately, the only way to tell who's side they're on, is to wait for them to show up!

Well, the only thing we can do is keep an eye on the more immediate threat and watch to see if that asshole is going to try to come through the barrier!
>>
No. 806925 ID: 15a025
File 149696773089.png - (5.75KB , 800x600 , 69.png )
806925

>I believe that's the sound of a helicopter or multiple helicopters. That could either be help from the King after Oscar called ahead and told the King about what was going on, or it's the enemy helicopters that were attacking the King's castle and they're coming back after their boss called and told them that you're here and not over there. Unfortunately, the only way to tell who's side they're on, is to wait for them to show up!

I hope it's backup for us, and also hope they can use light magic! All of this cursed magic stuff is getting to be a pain to deal with.

>Well, the only thing we can do is keep an eye on the more immediate threat and watch to see if that asshole is going to try to come through the barrier!
>Investigate jar. But keep a eye up in case something do eventually show up.

I pick up the little jar while trying to keep the blindar focused on the barrier in case he phases through it. I've also got my ears focusing on that propeller sound in the background.

When I pick it up, the magic circle changes colors again. I also hear something whisper from the circle as well?

Magic Circle?: "Give us your offering, mortal."
>>
No. 806928 ID: 15a025
File 149696780863.png - (8.08KB , 800x600 , 70.png )
806928

Before I can say or do anything, the leader guy pops in here!

???: "Hey butterfingers, put that vase down before you drop and break it!"

Rainy: "You mean this vase I'm barely holding onto with my hoof here?"

???: "Yes now put it down or else I'm shooting!"

Rainy: "No, you put your gun down or I'll shoot you and smash your vase!"

???: "You... ah fine. I'm willing to negotiate here."

I hear something fall on the ground and bounce a bit?
>>
No. 806929 ID: 15a025
File 149696783113.png - (8.12KB , 800x600 , 71.png )
806929

Did he... did he really just drop a rock on the ground and try to fool me?
>>
No. 806936 ID: 91ee5f

>>806925
>"Give us your offering, mortal."
It must be talking about the jar. Whatever you do, don't put that jar in the circle!

>>806928
>Ronda and Jill aren't there.
Maybe Tybalt can't lift Jill as easily and Ronda is helping carry her over?

>Candy is getting closer.
Looks like he's turned his back. So maybe Candy can sneak up on him if you can keep his attention focused on you.

>"Hey butterfingers, put that vase down before you drop and break it!"
I guess that means it's important and he doesn't want it to be broken? That's good to know! >:-)

Although, we probably shouldn't break it anyways, just in case it needs to be uncursed first or something like that. And if we are allowed to smash it, don't throw it down anywhere near the circle, in case that counts as giving the offering.

>>806929
Don't let him know that you can still see his weapon in his hand, but do let him know you're not stupid.

"I may be blind, but I'm not stupid! I know that's not what a gun hitting the ground sounds like! Now drop it or I will drop this thing and break it!"
>>
No. 807045 ID: 15a025
File 149703390031.png - (8.07KB , 800x600 , 72.png )
807045

>I guess that means it's important and he doesn't want it to be broken? That's good to know!

Almost makes me want to smash this vase even more.

>Whatever you do, don't put that jar in the circle!
Shoot. If I do end up smashing this, intentionally or not. I better make sure it doesn't hit the circle!

>Although, we probably shouldn't break it anyways, just in case it needs to be uncursed first or something like that.

I'm not sure if the jar itself is cursed or not? It looks yellow on the blindar. I wonder if that actually means anything though?

>Don't let him know that you can still see his weapon in his hand, but do let him know you're not stupid.
Rainy: "I might be blind, but I'm not deaf! I know what a gun hitting the ground should sound like, and that didn't sound even close to what it should be. Now drop it before I drop this!"

???: "Ha, can't pull a fast one on you can I?"

Rainy: "Enough playing around. I'm giving you till the count of three to drop your weapon or else I'm busting this vase!"

???: "Fine..."

I hear a loud clunk on the ground that sounds a lot more like a gun. Something still doesn't feel ri-
>>
No. 807048 ID: 15a025
File 149703400623.png - (8.25KB , 800x600 , 73.png )
807048

Jill: "Holy Arrow!"

Guess that rock was more than just a rock?
>>
No. 807049 ID: 15a025
File 149703402156.png - (8.21KB , 800x600 , 74.png )
807049

???: "What's taking you so long! Shoot her down already!"
>>
No. 807232 ID: e59e3f

While he's distracted with whatever, shoot him down!
>>
No. 807242 ID: 91ee5f

>>807049
>"What's taking you so long! Shoot her down already!"
Who is that? Is that the guy in front of you or someone else?

If it's the guy in front of you, then tell him that you heard that and he'd better tell whoever he's talking to to stop shooting or you're going to smash this thing he doesn't want you to break!

And if he doesn't listen then throw the jar as high as you can over the purple wall and off the roof! Don't throw it over the wall in his direction though, he might catch it!

>>807232
She can't! The bullet will bounce off the magic purple wall in front of her and she'll end up shooting herself!
>>
No. 807267 ID: 15a025
File 149715783390.png - (9.88KB , 800x600 , 75.png )
807267

>While he's distracted with whatever, shoot him down!
>She can't! The bullet will bounce off the magic purple wall in front of her and she'll end up shooting herself!

Shoot, that kind of makes my whole gun threat here not really much of a threat then?

> Who is that? Is that the guy in front of you or someone else?
The person talking? That'd be the crazy guy in front of me.

> If it's the guy in front of you, then tell him that you heard that and he'd better tell whoever he's talking to to stop shooting or you're going to smash this thing he doesn't want you to break!

Rainy: "Tell your chopper buddies to stop shooting or I'm smashing this!"

???: "Damn! Alright then, drop it!"

Rainy: "Well if that's how it's going to...huh?!"
Again with a ladder?
>>
No. 807268 ID: 15a025
File 149715785928.png - (4.43KB , 800x600 , 76.png )
807268

Before I can act I hear Tybalt little out some roars up above. I still can only see Jill and Tybalt up on the blindar though?
>>
No. 807304 ID: ca0e20

Small purple dots... Are those small chimeras?

Yell at Tybalt to try and fly closer if he can manage, unless you think you can shoot at them from over there.

I don't know if you have a better item to help them than your gun.
>>
No. 807317 ID: 91ee5f

>>807268
That guy might be trying to make you look away so that he can run up to you! Watch him for a little bit to see if he tries something!

If he doesn't do anything, then try aiming a little above where the ladder seems to disappear and you might hit whatever is there!

>>807304
>Small purple dots... Are those small chimeras?
Maybe, but I think it's actually chimera blood. And I think it's Tybalt's blood because the guy in front of us said to "shoot them down already!" so maybe Tybalt got hit!

Yell at Tybalt to land over here!
>>
No. 807393 ID: 15a025
File 149724239957.gif - (9.67KB , 800x600 , 77.gif )
807393

>That guy might be trying to make you look away so that he can run up to you! Watch him for a little bit to see if he tries something!
I look back real quick and he's still climbing up the ladder!

>Small purple dots... Are those small chimeras?
>Maybe, but I think it's actually chimera blood. And I think it's Tybalt's blood because the guy in front of us said to "shoot them down already!" so maybe Tybalt got hit! Yell at Tybalt to land over here!

I hope he's not hurt, at the same time I hope it's not more chimeras trying to attack us!

>If he doesn't do anything, then try aiming a little above where the ladder seems to disappear and you might hit whatever is there!

I aim up and fire off some rounds where the ladder disappears. I hear a faint snapping sound, followed by a satisfying thud. The circle starts flashing as the crazy leader shouts and hollers!
>>
No. 807394 ID: 15a025
File 149724245881.png - (6.13KB , 800x600 , 78.png )
807394

After the light crazy light show, everything kind of just...poofs?

>Yell at Tybalt to try and fly closer if he can manage, unless you think you can shoot at them from over there.
>Yell at Tybalt to land over here!

Rainy: "Tybalt, can you fly closer or try landing over here?"

I just get a roar back?

Ronda: "Heads up, crash landing!"

I hear two thuds close by.
Rainy: "You two okay?"

Candy: "I'm fine, how about you Ronda?"

Ronda: "Nothing I can't heal away."

I hear Jill and Tybalt land nearby.
Jill: "We shouldn't be relaxing just yet. Tybalt got shot with some kind of magic, and we still have a helicopter with armed guards shooting at us!"
>>
No. 807444 ID: ca0e20

Can Tybalt move/be moved. If so, at least getting close to the roof entrance might be a thing to do, if you guys can't get back in the building. Though, get back in the building if you can.

Whether you can move or not, Ronda should be able to make some walls? To give some cover from the gunfire.

Jill should look at Tybalt and try and figure out what the magic is, if she can.
>>
No. 807465 ID: 91ee5f

>>807393
>The circle starts flashing as the crazy leader shouts and hollers!
>>807394
>After the light crazy light show, everything kind of just...poofs?
Uh oh. I think maybe the since that guy landed in the circle, the circle accepted him as the offering it wanted. Which means we might've accidentally just completed the ritual.

Uh, ask Jill what you should do with this vase you're holding.....and then ask if we accidentally completed the ritual we were trying to stop.
>>
No. 807600 ID: 15a025
File 149733288184.png - (5.06KB , 800x600 , 79.png )
807600

>Uh oh. I think maybe the since that guy landed in the circle, the circle accepted him as the offering it wanted. Which means we might've accidentally just completed the ritual.

Hopefully Jill knows how to kill it then in case I accidently completed the ritual.

>Can Tybalt move/be moved. If so, at least getting close to the roof entrance might be a thing to do, if you guys can't get back in the building. Though, get back in the building if you can.

Rainy: "Let's get by the entrance and see if we can't get back in!"

>Whether you can move or not, Ronda should be able to make some walls? To give some cover from the gunfire.

Rainy: "Oh Ronda, think you can get us some cover as well?"

Ronda: "Sure. I'll shoot up some walls while you try to make it to the ladder back in!"

>Jill should look at Tybalt and try and figure out what the magic is, if she can.

Rainy: "Think you could look at Tybalt and tell what the magic he got hit with is?"

Jill: "It's some kind of curse magic? I'd try purifying it but I feel like that might just kill him?"

>Uh, ask Jill what you should do with this vase you're holding.....and then ask if we accidentally completed the ritual we were trying to stop.

Rainy: "Jill, what should I do with this vase?"

Jill: "Hold onto it for now. If we run into any nasty chimeras we can use it like a holy bomb."

Rainy: "Also...did I accidentally complete the ritual we were trying to stop by knocking that guy into the circle?"

Jill: "I don't think it would have. As far as I know, he didn't give any of the needed things to the circle? Something else might get summoned though. Or, his soul could be getting devoured and tortured by some powerful chimera."
>>
No. 807602 ID: 15a025
File 149733290848.png - (3.76KB , 800x600 , 80.png )
807602

When we get to the entrance back inside, we find someone closed it shut and locked it?
>>
No. 807667 ID: ca0e20

From outside? Who was the last one out?

Ronda should make more walls, if she can, to make a safety area around the door and the group. Anyone that can return fire to the helicopter are welcome to try.

Ask Candy if she wants Jill to try and do something about the Tybalt's curse, knowing the risk. And for her to ask Tybalt about it. Knowledge about it or if he's willing to get purified.
>>
No. 807681 ID: 91ee5f

>>807602
Is the lock on the inside?

Ask someone to put a grenade on it and everyone back away so that the grenade can blow open the hatch.

Or, if that's too dangerous, then give the vase to someone and you punch the hatch open.
>>
No. 808055 ID: 15a025
File 149755407237.png - (8.29KB , 800x600 , 81.png )
808055

>From outside? Who was the last one out?
It seems like it's locked from the outside? I'm not sure who the last one out was.

>Ronda should make more walls, if she can, to make a safety area around the door and the group. Anyone that can return fire to the helicopter are welcome to try.

Rainy: "Ronda, can you throw up some walls around this door? Make like a little safety area around us?"

Ronda: "Already on it!"

>Ask someone to put a grenade on it and everyone back away so that the grenade can blow open the hatch.
Not sure that's the most safest thing to try?

>Or, if that's too dangerous, then give the vase to someone and you punch the hatch open.
Rainy: "Here, someone hold onto the vase while I try to hatch this hatch open."

I hand the vase to Jill and bash the hatch in. It actually takes a few punches, but manage. The hatch makes a heavy metal clunk as it hits the ground.
Once we're safe inside, we start making plans for what to do next

>Ask Candy if she wants Jill to try and do something about the Tybalt's curse, knowing the risk. And for her to ask Tybalt about it. Knowledge about it or if he's willing to get purified.

Rainy: "Candy, do you want Jill to try and do something about Tybalt's curse?"

Jill: "To clarify, he's not cursed. He just got hit with cursed magic."

Rainy: "Oh, then couldn't Ronda just heal up his wound then?"

Ronda: "I'm not sure my magic can heal something damaged with cursed magic?"

Jill: "I could try purifying the wound, but it might do more harm than good. I've never tried it on chimera before."

Candy: "Man, and he just came back to life too. I need a second to think and talk about it with him."

Ronda: "Well, while they do that. We should start thinking about our next plan of action."
>>
No. 808056 ID: 91ee5f

>>808055
Chimera in the painting to the top left! And there's something dangerous in the hole, so back away from it!

And those purple spots on the ladder and on your side of the hole is blood from Tybalt's injury.....I think.
>>
No. 808296 ID: 15a025
File 149762488831.png - (8.55KB , 800x600 , 82.png )
808296

>Chimera in the painting to the top left! And there's something dangerous in the hole, so back away from it!
Rainy: "Let's start by getting away from this whole, there's some dangerous coming!"

I jump back and duck down just in a time, something shot out of the whole and boomed like thunder. Then I hear some glass shatter over on the left wall.

Candy: "They just don't stop coming do they?"

Jill: "Holy Arrow!"

Ronda: "I think now would be a great time to get out of this place!"

Rainy: "Agreed!"
>>
No. 808297 ID: 15a025
File 149762495988.png - (9.04KB , 800x600 , 83.png )
808297

We rush out the door, and haul into the elevator before anymore chimeras can show up. One of the radios starts going off, and Candy hands it to me. The message is a little un-settling

Hyena person: "Listen up and listen good! I hope you're able to hear this message rain drop or whatever your name was! We built this building with a lot of remote detonate explosives in case things flew south. You're going to come down here and fight me one on one on the tenth floor training room, and better be here in the next fifteen minutes. If you're not here then, or charge in with someone-else, I'm blowing this whole building to the ground!"
>>
No. 808839 ID: ee566f

I think he's bluffing. We haven't seen any bombs pop up on the blindar yet. It's probably a trap to get you alone.
>>
No. 808842 ID: 91ee5f

>>808297
Tell him, "But I'm blind. I can't see the floor numbers on the elevators or anything! I might end up on the wrong floor! I'm going to need at least 1 person with me to guide me to the right floor and the right room!"

But it doesn't matter if he agrees to that or not, you're not walking into an obvious trap to get you alone! Like >>808839 said, we saw nothing anywhere, so he's probably bluffing.

But, just in case he's telling the truth, plan to evacuate and, in 15 minutes he'll do your job for you by destroying his own base! Or he's actually outside and is waiting for you to say your in that room before blowing things up.

When you're done talking to that guy, turn off that radio and tell the others that you ain't going. But just in case he's not bluffing, have them radio Don and the others to evacuate!

And if he was bluffing, then I'm sure if everyone hits the tower with their strongest spells, we'll be able to knock it down ourselves!
>>
No. 808896 ID: 15a025
File 149782907351.png - (12.70KB , 800x600 , 84.png )
808896

>I think he's bluffing. We haven't seen any bombs pop up on the blindar yet. It's probably a trap to get you alone.

There might be bombs in spots the blindar just can't pick them up, but I doubt they know much about it to plan that. He probably is just trying to use scare tactics to trap me.

>Tell him, "But I'm blind. I can't see the floor numbers on the elevators or anything! I might end up on the wrong floor! I'm going to need at least 1 person with me to guide me to the right floor and the right room!"

Rainy: "I feel like you're really rigging this to be impossible. First, I'm blind. I'm not going to be able to get around here on my own. How do you expect me to get to the right floor and room on my own. And second, how would I be able to get around by myself and get there in a mere fifteen minutes! It isn't exactly easy to get around this place, even with my friends help!"

Hyena Person: "Fine, you get twenty minutes and one person to bring you over then. I'll be waiting!"
>>
No. 808897 ID: 15a025
File 149782916567.png - (5.71KB , 800x600 , 85.png )
808897

>When you're done talking to that guy, turn off that radio and tell the others that you ain't going. But just in case he's not bluffing, have them radio Don and the others to evacuate!

Rainy: "Ronda, grab the other radio and tell Don we're getting out of here before this place blows up! Candy, send the elevator to the first floor."

As the elevator brings us down, I can hear Don giving Ronda a tough time on the radio about leaving, but eventually gives in.

When we reach our floor, I find Don beat us down here.

Don: "Ha, took you all long enough to get here."

Ronda: "How did you get down here so quick!"

Don: "We busted a window and flew down here."

Rainy: "Well, let's bust out the door before we all possibly get blown up!"
>>
No. 808898 ID: 15a025
File 149782921321.png - (14.18KB , 800x600 , 86.png )
808898

We take cover in some bushes outside and wait to see if they really do blow up the building.
And we wait.

And wait.

And get the feeling he really was blu-
>>
No. 808899 ID: 15a025
File 149782925148.png - (53.53KB , 800x600 , 87.png )
808899

An enormous, thundering explosion interrupts me before I could finish that thought. The sound of rubble and debris crashing everywhere is pretty loud and starts to hurt my ears a bit.
>>
No. 808900 ID: 15a025
File 149782927445.png - (8.31KB , 800x600 , 88.png )
808900

Candy: "So...does this mean I can finally whip out those celebration smokes Rainy?"
>>
No. 808903 ID: ca0e20

I guess so, heh!

At this point, you have to wait for the boat to come back I think. Is there a way to contact Oscar how things are going on his end and to know how long it'll take?

Also, a debrief might be in order. How's Don's/Ashley's group?
>>
No. 808932 ID: 91ee5f

>>808900
>Smokes?
"Not yet."

Then take a quick look around. If you don't see anything, tell her, "Ok, now you can smoke 'em."
>>
No. 809014 ID: 15a025
File 149788377895.png - (13.48KB , 800x600 , 89.png )
809014

>take a quick look around. If you don't see anything, tell her, "Ok, now you can smoke 'em."
I take a quick peep around the area real quick, and don't see anything pop up on the blindar.

Rainy: "Coast is clear, go for it!"

Candy: "Ha Ha! Alright, finally time to relax a bit!"

Rainy: "You earned it Candy. Try not to start a forest fire out here though."

Candy: "Ha, after what happened at the college a few months back I'm a little more careful."

>At this point, you have to wait for the boat to come back I think. Is there a way to contact Oscar how things are going on his end and to know how long it'll take?

I could pull out my emergency contact phone and make a call, but Oscar said there wasn't a working phone on his ship. Since it took us pretty close to a day to get here, it might be a bit before he comes back.
I could try calling my work place and ask for them to come get me, but I'm not sure I really want their help.

>Also, a debrief might be in order. How's Don's/Ashley's group?
Rainy: "Don, Ashley, how's your group there. Fill me on what happened."

Don: "Ha! It's hard to tango with the Fiery Flamingo ya got two left feet. We came pretty much un-scathed from the fight."

Ashley: "A few of us have some small scratches and cuts, but it's nothing serious."

Don: "So, what's the next plan of attack here. We going hunting through the woods for chimeras and whatever sorry excuses they've got out here?"

Ashley: "I was thinking we should head back to my village and settle for the night. It's going to be dark out here soon, and the walk back is pretty long if you remember."
>>
No. 809028 ID: ca0e20

Well, if Don is apparently not tired, hunting some chimera might actually be a good thing to do. Make the woods safer. Him and whoever wants to join him can go do that. Just make sure there's a way to keep into contact with him. His group could still head toward the village, since I think he should hunt around the village anyway, if there are chimeras there. If not, hunting at the edge of where they roam would be the spot for him to clear.

Rest of the group can follow Ashley to her village.
>>
No. 809031 ID: 91ee5f

>>809028
This.
>>
No. 809346 ID: 15a025
File 149797621995.png - (8.73KB , 800x600 , 90.png )
809346

>Well, if Don is apparently not tired, hunting some chimera might actually be a good thing to do. Make the woods safer.
Rainy: "Well, if you're not tired Don. Why don't you see about making the woods safer then? Try and get a little hunting party together and make sure you keep in radio contact with us."

Don: "Alright! Who's still hungry for some action!"

I hear Don and a few other walk off in the distance a bit.

>Rest of the group can follow Ashley
Rainy: "The rest of us will follow you home then Ashley."

Ashley: "Let me lead the way back then. And Rainy,"

Rainy: "Yes?"

Ashley: "Thank you very much for helping me and my people today. I don't think we could have done it without you."

Rainy: "Aw, no problem Ashley!"

The walk through the woods is a lot more quiet than this morning's. It's pretty peaceful for once. The air feels a little fresher and cool, and it doesn't feel like a hoard of chimeras or weird cultists are going to jump us.

When we reach Ashley's village, we're given a warmer welcoming this time! A couple people cheer to Ashley and us as we walk through the gates.

Villager: "Ashley! You and your friends really out did yourselves tonight! Please, have a seat by the chief and we shall have a small feast in celebration."

Ashley: "I appreciate the thought, but I feel like a feast isn't the best idea right now. While the forest is looking a little better than earlier, it's still damaged and foods been scarce."

Villager: "We at least have to break out some celebration drinks Ashley!"

Ashley: "I suppose a few drinks wouldn't hurt. Rainy, why don't you and your friends have a seat over there?"

We walk over by the fire and sit down on some logs. Anything we should talk about while we wait for our drinks?
>>
No. 809367 ID: ca0e20

We asked Don's party how they were doing. How about the rest? How are Jill, Ronda and Candy doing after all this? And Tybalt?
>>
No. 809368 ID: 91ee5f

Since Ashley was part of Don's group, let's ask her what their group did while we were split up and if they had any trouble. And ask how much enemy ass was kicked! XD
>>
No. 809570 ID: 15a025
File 149807038940.png - (8.70KB , 800x600 , 91.png )
809570

>We asked Don's party how they were doing. How about the rest? How are Jill, Ronda and Candy doing after all this? And Tybalt?
>Since Ashley was part of Don's group, let's ask her what their group did while we were split up and if they had any trouble. And ask how much enemy ass was kicked

Rainy: "So Ashley, what did your group really when we split up? I get a feeling Don was making it sound more un-eventful than it was?"

Ashley: "It was actually pretty intense. A lot of the guards they sent after us had enchanted armor that resisted our magic. I was a worried when an armored beast had me pinned up to wall, ready to snap my neck with its large rotting jaw. I got away thanks to loud mouth catching it's attention with a giant explosion. He had my people throwing grenades at him, and then used fire magic to reflect them back towards the enemy with fire magic to double the range and power of the explosion."

Ronda: "In a closed hallway?"

Ashley: "Actually, it was in a large open room."

Rainy: "How about you Jill? How are you holding up after all this?"

Jill: "Things are still sinking in for me. It's been pretty rough day overall. I might actually turn in early for the night."

Ashley: "I'll try and have someone make sleeping arrangements for you. Make sure to save a drink for me!"
I hear Ashley get up and walk away.

Rainy: "You holding up alright Candy?"

Candy: "Feeling a lot less annoyed and irritated now that I've had a few cigarettes. You wouldn't happen to know when we're going to be getting back home would you?"

Rainy: "Probably not for a few days."

Candy: "Haha, guess this is our winter vacation then?"

Rainy: "It feels a lot more like a summer vacation out here!"

Candy: "I'd toast to that one, but we're still lacking d-"

Villager: "I come with the villages best wine! Please, enjoy your-selves!"

Candy: "Spoke to soon....Welp, let's toast to it then! To winter vacation!"

Rainy: "To winter vacation!"
>>
No. 809855 ID: 15a025
File 149819743396.gif - (8.69KB , 800x600 , 92.gif )
809855

The next morning

I get up and lean on the pillows as I try wake up a bit. I don't really remember going to bed last night or having this killer headache. There's a lot of distracting sounds in the room that make it hard to focus.
>>
No. 809870 ID: ca0e20

Obligatory, check to see if anyone was sleeping next to you... =P

But your phone is vibrating in your bag, go check it!
>>
No. 809884 ID: 91ee5f

>>809855
If that's your boss, don't give him your location or anything. Remember, he hung up on you as soon as you mentioned you were working with the King's mages to attack the terrorists! It's almost like the arm he put on you is illegal or something! If he constantly asks you what your location is, then he's trying to find you and that might not be a good thing!

Then again, it could be Oscar or the King.
>>
No. 809893 ID: 15a025
File 149824264922.png - (7.11KB , 800x600 , 93.png )
809893

>Obligatory, check to see if anyone was sleeping next to you... =P
Candy's sleeping next to me, snoring away.

>But your phone is vibrating in your bag, go check it!

My head says go back to bed, but I get up anyway and shuffle over to my bag to rummage through it. By the time I find my phone, it stopped ringing. I fumble around with the buttons a bit and get it to play the voice message they left. I start doing my morning stretches while I listen to it.

Osacar: "Hey, it's Oscar, just calling to see how you're feeling and let you know a boat left last night to pick you all up. It should be there sometime tonight or tomorrow morning. Hope you're feeling better."

I guess I was really out of it last night? Still can't really think straight right now, what's next on the wake up agenda?
>>
No. 809916 ID: ca0e20

Get another sit-rep/headcount of the team. Especially Don, how did the hunt go?

Once everyone is accounted for, time to head for the boat.
>>
No. 809973 ID: 91ee5f

>>809916
This.
>>
No. 809988 ID: 7b65b9

check how candy is doing without waking her up, then head out to check up on everyone else.
>>
No. 810076 ID: 15a025
File 149832067022.gif - (5.17KB , 800x600 , 94.gif )
810076

>Get another sit-rep/headcount of the team. Especially Don, how did the hunt go?
I decide to let Candy sleep in a little more while I check out the next room.

Opening up the door, I'm greeted by a cheery voice
Ronda: "Look who finally decided to wake up? How are you feeling today?"

Rainy: "I've got a little bit of a nasty headache, other than that I'm fine. What time is it?"

Ronda: "It's a little after four p.m. right now.

Rainy: "Four p.m.? Wow, how late did I stay up?"

Ronda: "Not very late. You had us a little bit worried last night though."

Rainy: "Why, what happened?"

Ashley: "You drank half a bottle of wine, got sick, and passed out."

Guess that explains the headache.
Rainy: "I hope I didn't cause any trouble for you or your village Ashley. If there's anything I can do to help out, just say the word!"

Ashley: "You're fine. It's Don I'm mad at right now though."

Rainy: "I take it his hunting trip didn't go so well?"

Ashley: "No, apparently that went alright. When he got back though, him and the chief got into a drinking contest and made a mess of the place. Our bon fire area is all scorched up now, and a few houses got a burnt a bit."
>>
No. 810078 ID: ca0e20

Well that's great.

I'd say check the bonfire area, but I dunno that the blindar would show it. Better to go see Don and see what the hell. He seems to have been acting worse lately, I feel. You'd think getting to fight would have calm him instead of doing what he did.

But main thing is to get him to help clean up and repair. I dunno how we could convince him though.
>>
No. 810081 ID: 91ee5f

>>810076
Don't forget to tell Ronda about Oscar's message.

>>810078
Actually, he did calm down. What happened was that Don celebrated too hard and both him and the Chief got into a friendly competitive drinking contest. What happened after that was from Don being too drunk to think straight.

But, yeah, he does need to help clean up the mess he made.
>>
No. 810255 ID: 15a025
File 149840608743.png - (9.38KB , 800x600 , 95.png )
810255

>I'd say check the bonfire area, but I dunno that the blindar would show it.
I'll have to go check it out in a bit.

>Better to go see Don and see what the hell. He seems to have been acting worse lately, I feel. You'd think getting to fight would have calm him instead of doing what he did.
>Actually, he did calm down. What happened was that Don celebrated too hard and both him and the Chief got into a friendly competitive drinking contest. What happened after that was from Don being too drunk to think straight.

I guess I should go hear from the two of them about what exactly happened last night.

Rainy: "Alright, where's Don at then?"

Ronda: "If he wants to be going home with us, outside cleaning his mess. If not, he's probably still passed out in bed then."

Rainy: "Alright, I'll go check up on him then."

Ashley: "You should probably drink some water and get some food in your system first."

Rainy: "I should be fine, besides didn't you say food was kind of scarce still?"

Ronda: "Rainy, when's the last time we ate?"

Rainy: "In the tower yester..day."

That thought sinks in for a second, and hits the empty feeling in my stomach hard.
Ashley: "Don't worry about it. With that tower gone, and soon those beasts as well, the forest should start growing fresh food again."

Rainy: "I guess a little snack wouldn't hurt."

I pull up a chair, and Ronda perches herself on my shoulder. Ashley comes back with a small bowl of mixed different berries and a glass of water.

> Don't forget to tell Ronda about Oscar's message.
Rainy: "Oh, Oscar called me just a bit ago. He said a boat left last night last night and should be here sometime between this afternoon and tomorrow morning."

Ronda: "Oh good, he got my message last night then."

Rainy: "Your message?"

Ronda: "Huh? Oh right. I borrowed your phone last night and gave the palace a report on our mission. I also asked if they could send a boat over to pick us up at the earliest convince."
>>
No. 810256 ID: 15a025
File 149840614195.png - (59.29KB , 800x600 , 96.png )
810256

I finish eating the tasty bowl of berries Ashley gave me, and down the cup of water head out to see if Don is actually doing something useful for a change.

Oh wow, he actually is out here! But is he actually doing anything to help clean up?

Rainy: "What'cha doing Don?"

Villager: "Don? Do I look like that pink menace to you!"

Oh...it's an angry villager. I thought it might have been too good to be true.

Rainy: "Sorry. I can't really see and thought you might be him cleaning up out here."

Angry Villager: "He ought to be! But no, he's passed out on the chief's couch! What kind of bum sleeps this late into the day!"

Yeah what kind of lazy bum does that...

Rainy: "Could you tell me where the chief's house is then?"

Angry Villager: "Just keep heading straight, it's the big place."
>>
No. 810257 ID: 15a025
File 149840618574.png - (5.89KB , 800x600 , 97.png )
810257

One short walk later...

I knock on the door and ask if anyone's home.

Rainy: "Hello?"

No one answers. I turn the door knob and find it's unlocked. I come in and find someone on the couch.

Rainy: "Don?"
...
Rainy: "Don, could you wake up please?"

Still no reply. I wonder if shaking him a bit would do the trick?

Rainy: "Don get up!"

He must be a really heavy sleeper. I'm not sure I can wake him up by myself. Any ideas spooky spirits?
>>
No. 810386 ID: ca0e20

Can you find some water? Really the only cliche I can think of.

That or find his shoulders and shake him a little. Wait, long neck. Shake his head!
>>
No. 810392 ID: 91ee5f

>>810255
Ok, Ronda borrowed your phone and called for a ride, but didn't even bother asking what's going on over there? What about the enemies attacking the castle?!

Great, now we've got a reason to be paranoid about the boat coming to get us! They could be corrupted or something! And even if Ronda did ask, but didn't think to tell us, Oscar could've been corrupted and is saying everything's fine, when in actuality the enemy has taken over the castle!

Ugh! We'll just have to see for ourselves if everything's ok and I'm being paranoid or not!

>>810386
Woah, wait a sec! Remember the villager earlier? That might not be Don on the couch!
>>
No. 810400 ID: ca0e20

>>810392
I thought that too, but the villager did say Don was on the couch. But since you're paranoid, I'll support your paranoia and suggest we determine if it's actually Don there. Though I dunno if just feeling him works. How common are feathers?


I guess ask out loud if this is Don, just in case it's a villager that is not actually wondering out loud if they are the one you're talking to.

If there's no responses, to check who this is, put your hand next to the heart near the couch then move inward toward the heart. That way you'll touch this person's head or feet instead of other things, and that could help determining if this is a flamingo.
>>
No. 810486 ID: 15a025
File 149849357187.png - (5.07KB , 800x600 , 98.png )
810486

>Ok, Ronda borrowed your phone and called for a ride, but didn't even bother asking what's going on over there? What about the enemies attacking the castle?!
There could be something going on there that they might not want to disclose over phone? I'm not sure if it's easy or not it'd be to ease drop on phone calls. Ronda could also just have forgot to tell me, or didn't want me to worry about it now?

>Great, now we've got a reason to be paranoid about the boat coming to get us! They could be corrupted or something! And even if Ronda did ask, but didn't think to tell us, Oscar could've been corrupted and is saying everything's fine, when in actuality the enemy has taken over the castle!
I guess regardless of things, it wouldn't hurt to be cautious in case something really is going on here.

>Woah, wait a sec! Remember the villager earlier? That might not be Don on the couch!
That could be a possibility, although the villager did say he was sleeping on the couch?

>Can you find some water? Really the only cliche I can think of.
I don't think I should waste their water on trying to wake up Don.

>That or find his shoulders and shake him a little. Wait, long neck. Shake his head!
I carefully grab Don's neck and shake his head around a bit
Rainy: "Come on Don, wake-"

I hear him start cough, then it sounds like he's throwing up!
Don: "Ugh...that's one way to start the morning."

Rainy: "You alright?"

He replies sounding pretty sick and groggy.

Don:"Oh yeah just peachy. Not like I just threw up over someone's couch or anything."

Rainy: "Don what did you do last night!"

Don:"You know you're standing right next to me, I can hear you just fine without you yelling."

I...whops. I guess he's probably got a worse headache than I do?

Don: "Anyway, I don't really know. I can't think or remember much of anything right now. Whop, wait...I remember getting into a drinking contest with someone but that's about it"
>>
No. 810497 ID: ca0e20

Tell him he made a mess and should go help cleaning it.
>>
No. 810509 ID: 91ee5f

>>810497
This. Including the couch he just threw up on.
>>
No. 810643 ID: 15a025
File 149853601598.png - (5.28KB , 800x600 , 99.png )
810643

>Tell him he made a mess and should go help cleaning it.
Rainy: "You made a huge mess outside, and should be out there cleaning it up and apologizing"

>Including the couch he just threw up on.
Rainy: "You also should clean the chief's poor couch too."

Don:"Don't be putting all the blame on me here. You shook me around and made me throw up. How do you even expect me to clean this up?"

???: "How about trying some towels for starters, feather brain!"

I hear something get tossed at Don.

???: "Now start wiping that mess up a bit while I grab something to get those stains out."

Rainy: "Don, who is that?"

Don: "Just the village chief."

Chief: "I heard that!"

Well, it's seems like Don's starting to make an effort to clean up after himself? Should I stick around and offer to help clean up too, or should I go try and find where Jill is and finish the head count?
>>
No. 811108 ID: 7b65b9

I think you should help him out, even though he's a bit of a jerk. After all, he is someone you have to work with regularly, so you should get on his good side.
>>
No. 811188 ID: 15a025
File 149874954491.png - (8.59KB , 800x600 , 100.png )
811188

>I think you should help him out, even though he's a bit of a jerk. After all, he is someone you have to work with regularly, so you should get on his good side.
Rainy: "You want some help cleaning up Don?"

Don: "Yeah, know anyone who would?"

Rainy: "Me!"

Don: "Okay, let me rephrase that question. Know anyone who can and would help me out?"

Rainy: "My offer still stands."

Don: "Yeah, no. You're just going to turn this into an even bigger mess somehow."

Rainy: "I bet I'd do a better job cleaning things than you would."
Don: "Seriously? Alright, if I win, you have to step down and put me in charge of the group."

Rainy: "and if win?"

Don: "I don't know, what do you want?"

I'm not sure what I'd ask for though, or if I'm actually going to take him up on an actual bet here. What you think spooky spirits?
>>
No. 811208 ID: 91ee5f

>>811188
>if I win, you have to step down and put me in charge of the group.
This again?! Ok, that's it! We've tried to be nice, but the only thing he ever does is whine and bitch about who's in charge! There's nothing to be in charge of! There's a boat on the way over to pick us up and take us home!

Besides, out of the two of us, which one of us got his sorry ass corrupted before we even got on the boat to come over here? Don did! And if it wasn't for Rainy, he'd still be under the enemy's control! But did he ever once say "thank you"? No! So, if he can't get the fuck off his high horse and drop his fucking ego, then he can just go and fuck himself!

No deal, fuck you, Don, you clean up your own mess, including what you did at the bonfire area last night! And when we get home for debriefing on the mission, I'll give a full report on your insubordination!
>>
No. 811423 ID: 15a025
File 149883134836.png - (1.49KB , 800x600 , 101.png )
811423

>This again?! Ok, that's it! We've tried to be nice, but the only thing he ever does is whine and bitch about who's in charge! There's nothing to be in charge of! There's a boat on the way over to pick us up and take us home!
>No deal, fuck you, Don.

Rainy: "Never mind. You can clean up by yourself."

Don: "Yeah that's what I thought. Thanks for nothing."

>Besides, out of the two of us, which one of us got his sorry ass corrupted before we even got on the boat to come over here? Don did! And if it wasn't for Rainy, he'd still be under the enemy's control! But did he ever once say "thank you"? No! So, if he can't get the fuck off his high horse and drop his fucking ego, then he can just go and fuck himself!

Rainy: "Thanks for nothing? Did you forget who pointed out you were cursed when we were on the boat?"

Don: "Little hard to remember when someone decides to blindside and knocks you out during a meeting!"

Rainy: "Fine. Next time you've got a problem, don't come whining to me for help Don. I'm done."

Don: "Pfft...Like you could even see a problem in the first place."

Rainy: "You sure about that? I might be blind, but I sure can see the empty void in front of me."
And with that, I leave in silence."

I take a seat on one of the steps and let out a sigh. I try to calm down a bit and think about what I should do next. I need to go do something to get my mind off of this, but what?
>>
No. 811428 ID: 91ee5f

>>811423
Yeah, like I said, when we get home for debriefing on the mission, give a full report on Don's insubordination. Don will be lucky if the King let's him keep his job. As far as I can tell, the King only wants people that can work together as a team under his employ. So it's a miracle that Don hasn't been fired before!

>What do?
I say we try and find where Jill is and finish the head count.

Also, is this supposed to be a blank screen or did the picture not show up for some reason?
>>
No. 811429 ID: 15a025

>>811428
Screen is supposed to be blank
>>
No. 811877 ID: 15a025
File 149902219579.png - (14.25KB , 800x600 , 102.png )
811877

>I say we try and find where Jill is and finish the head count.
I get off the steps and head back to the main village area to search around for Jill. I don’t find her right away and have to ask some of the villagers if they know where she is. I end up finding her in the back of the village sitting on a log with Candy.

Rainy: "Hey, what's up?"

Candy: "We're trying to sort out a little dilemma with Tybalt here."

Jill: "Friendly or not, there's no way Candy's going to be able to bring him home with her, let alone take care of him."

Rainy: "Why wouldn't she be able to take care him?"

Jill: "Chimeras need to eat souls to live."

Rainy: "Oh...right. Candy, you might have to let Tybalt go?"

Candy: "That's where the dilemma starts."

Jill: "The problem big problem here is Tybalt is kind of bound to Candy through a spiritual contract. Normally those are kind of easy to break or end, but since he kind of holds Candy in such high regards for some reason, it makes things a little harder."

Candy: "He kind of also doesn't want to leave me."

Jill: "The easiest option would be to just purify Candy, but that could end really poorly and get messy."

Rainy: "Why's that?"

Jill: "At worst, he could feel betrayed and go on a rampage."

Rainy: "What other options do we have?"

Jill: "Candy would have to beat someone deemed stronger than her in combat by herself to show she doesn't need Tybalt's protection anymore."

Candy: "I'd be up for that honestly."

Jill: "There's also some kind of blood ritual that can be done, but that's a little risky and I don't really know much about that stuff."
>>
No. 811881 ID: 3abd97

>>811877
This approaches all seem focused on Candy. Is there anything we can do from the Tybalt side of things?

Like, a way to cut down on the soul cravings, or feed him with something else?
>>
No. 812090 ID: 15a025
File 149905826873.gif - (5.11KB , 800x600 , 103.gif )
812090

>Is there anything we can do from the Tybalt side of things? Like, a way to cut down on the soul cravings, or feed him with something else?
Rainy: "Isn't there something else we could feed Tybalt, or a way to reduce his craving for souls?"

Jill: "Not that I'm aware of. Even if we do manage to handle the whole eating souls problem, we've got tougher ones to squish. News of all these chimera summonings is going to spread like wild fire through Talvi, especially to the churches. While there aren't a ton of people who can just go out and fight chimeras. Those who can are probably having a field day right now, going around killing off chimeras and possibly their summoners as well. I really wouldn't risk bringing him home Candy."

Candy: "Yeah, I'm not so sure walking around the streets with a chimera is all that great of an idea, especially if he ends up getting as big as he was before."

Rainy: "Why not just hide him at your place?"

Her heart's color changes to orange as soon as I ask that.

Candy: "Yeaaah....I forget, did you hear about what happened to my dorm at college?"

Rainy: "That it burnt down?"

Candy: "Yeah...."

Rainy: "So, what happened after that whole situation?"

Candy: "More of a conversation for later please?"
>>
No. 812336 ID: ca0e20

Time to disguise a chimera!

Tybalt is small right? Like a cat?

... and people can't detect Chimeras, right...?

I'm out of ideas beyond that.
>>
No. 812338 ID: 3abd97

>>812090
>"More of a conversation for later please?"
Yeah, sorry Candy.

I don't suppose just explaining the problems to Tybalt is an option? If he wants to protect her, but giving her space when she's home is the best way to do so...
>>
No. 812698 ID: 15a025
File 149918664586.gif - (7.75KB , 800x600 , 104.gif )
812698

Rainy: "Yeah, I'm sorry Candy."

Candy: "It's fine."

>Tybalt is small right? Like a cat?
>.. and people can't detect Chimeras, right...?
>Time to disguise a chimera!
Rainy: "Jill, can people detect chimeras?"

Jill: "You can see them on your radar thing right?"

Rainy: "Yeah?"

Jill: "Then I'm sure there's others that can detect them with them as well."

Rainy: "Darn, and here I thought we could make Tybalt a cute lil disguise."

Candy's heart changes back to white.

Candy: "Aw, that would have been a cute idea. I'd kind of have to hope he wouldn't grow out of it though."

>I don't suppose just explaining the problems to Tybalt is an option? If he wants to protect her, but giving her space when she's home is the best way to do so...
Rainy: "Have you tried just explain the problems to Tybalt?

Candy: " A little? He kind of started to get anxious when I started talking about it, probably doesn't help I had to tell him to stay out by the village gate at the same time either."

Rainy: "Can you try talking to him again?"

Candy: "Yeah sure."

We get up and head out the village's front gate and are greeted with Tybalt's soft purs. Candy starts talking, but I can't understand her.

Rainy: "So...what's are you two talking about?"

Candy: "Okay. So, Tybalt doesn't really want to leave me alone since I don't really have a way to call or summon him for help."

Rainy: "So...how do we make something to do that?"

The two of them start speaking in that weird language again...
Candy: "We need to get or make some kind of instrument, like a horn or a really loud whistle."

Rainy: "Okay...how do we make one or where can we get one?"

Jill: "That might be a better question to ask someone at the village. Maybe Ashley or the chief would know?"
>>
No. 812732 ID: 3abd97

>growing our of disguises, people detecting him
Might be some way to stunt or arrest his growth, or alter or disguise his aura so he doesn't ping as corrupt or as a chimera anymore.

Problem with that is the same one some of our enemies have had versus Rainy. You can't predict how every sensory spell works. We had disguises and illusions fail versus Rainy because her radar isn't sight based. Tybalt runs the same risk of running into a system we didn't anticipate. (Unless we actually make him not a chimera).

>"We need to get or make some kind of instrument, like a horn or a really loud whistle."
>"That might be a better question to ask someone at the village. Maybe Ashley or the chief would know?"
Makes sense. There's gotta be some kind of instrument somewhere in the village, right?
>>
No. 812797 ID: 91ee5f

>>812698
I'd say get a whistle. Candy can't carry an instrument with her everywhere she goes, but she can carry a whistle with her.
>>
No. 812920 ID: 15a025
File 149922839976.png - (11.07KB , 800x600 , 105.png )
812920

>Makes sense. There's gotta be some kind of instrument somewhere in the village, right?
>I'd say get a whistle. Candy can't carry an instrument with her everywhere she goes, but she can carry a whistle with her.

I'll have to keep the whistle idea in mind. I'm sure Candy isn't going to want to lug around something like tuba or a guitar everywhere she goes.

Rainy: "Alright, let's see if Ashley can't help us out with finding an instrument then."

Candy: "Okay. Stay out here for just a bit more Tybalt, we'll hopefully be back soon!"

We head back into the village and go over to Ashley's place.
>>
No. 812921 ID: 15a025
File 149922847634.png - (11.39KB , 800x600 , 106.png )
812921

Ashley: "Ah, come in and have a seat. Ronda's almost done brewing some tea."

Rainy: "Uh, sure why not."

We come inside and have seat while Ashley sets the table for us.
Ashley: "So how are you three doing?"

Rainy: "We're wondering if you knew where we could get a small instrument from, or a whistle?"

Ashley: "We do have a few small wooden instruments, but we need them for story nights by the bon fire though. Did you just need to borrow one for something?"

Candy: "We kind of need one to take home with us."

Ashley: "Hmm.. the next story night isn't going to be for another week, or longer depending on how long it takes to get our bon fire spot cleaned up and repaired. How about this? I'll go talk to chief about giving you an instrument in exchange for helping gathering some supplies to make a new one? Or, if you think your ride home isn't going to be here till later tomorrow, we could spend the rest of today and tomorrow morning making one for you to take home?"
>>
No. 812925 ID: 91ee5f

>>812921
>"So how are you three doing?"
"Ugh, well, I went to find Don to make sure he was cleaning up his mess and when I offered to help, he said I'd make a bigger mess because I was blind! Then, he tried to make a bet with me, where the two of us would clean up and whoever did better gets to be team leader! It's like he's even more blind than I am, considering the fact I did an amazing job leading us, despite not being able to see! Ronda, has Don always been this much of a spoiled brat?!"

>Or, if you think your ride home isn't going to be here till later tomorrow, we could spend the rest of today and tomorrow morning making one for you to take home?
"Well, that sucks. Our ride is supposed to arrive later tonight."
>>
No. 813003 ID: 15a025
File 149926910439.png - (11.57KB , 800x600 , 107.png )
813003

>"Well, that sucks. Our ride is supposed to arrive later tonight."
Rainy: "That might be a little challenging. Our ride is supposed to come later tonight at the earliest, and tomorrow morning the latest. I guess we'll try and help you get supplies and trade it for a pre-made one then?"

Ashley: "Oh, we'd better head out and start looking for the kind of tree we'd need to chop down then. One question also, Rainy. Do you feel comfortable using an axe and chopping down the tree?"

Rainy: "Uh...I can try? I don't really see why I couldn't?"

Ashley: "Alright, I'll go ask the chief real quick and then we'll be off. Thanks for the tea as well Ronda."

Ronda: "You're welcome!"

Ashley's trip to the chief must have been a quick one, as I barely get to finish my cup of tea before they're back!

Ashley: "I've got the okay for the trade. Let's head on out!"
>>
No. 813004 ID: 15a025
File 149926914452.png - (12.84KB , 800x600 , 108.png )
813004

Back out in the woods, things are looking pretty purple again on the blindar...

Ashley: "Before we get too deep in the woods here now, just remember to be cautious with the flowers out here. While they aren't very common, there is a plant out here that's very poisonous."

Candy: "Like those flowers growing around that tree there?"

Ashley: "Yes. Although I can't say I've seen them growing around a tree like that? Not to mention they're usually deeper into the woods than this?"
>>
No. 813089 ID: ca0e20

The tree is the same color. Is there anything up that tree?

What about the surrounding trees? Any other have poisonous flowers/trees?
>>
No. 813093 ID: 91ee5f

>>813004
The tree and the flowers around them are purplish! Great, now we might have to worry about plant based chimeras!

Or maybe it's because the land is still a little messed up from when the bad guys were around and it's going to take a while before things go back to normal?
>>
No. 813163 ID: 15a025
File 149930038433.png - (10.18KB , 800x600 , 109.png )
813163

>The tree is the same color. Is there anything up that tree?
I take a look up and see there's a flower up in the tree as well?

>What about the surrounding trees? Any other have poisonous flowers/trees?
Rainy: "Ashley, are there any other trees around here with the poisonous flowers around here?"

Ashley: "No, it seems like just this one.
>>
No. 813164 ID: 15a025
File 149930042022.png - (7.44KB , 800x600 , 110.png )
813164

>The tree and the flowers around them are purplish! Great, now we might have to worry about plant based chimeras! Or maybe it's because the land is still a little messed up from when the bad guys were around and it's going to take a while before things go back to normal?

I'm going to hope it's the later and not the former...
Ashley: "Alright, let's...no hold on. Anyone else hear that noise?"

Rainy: "Now that you mention in, are you talking about a small cracking sound?"

Jill: "Back up and watch out, that rotting tree is about to break and fall!"

Just as we start backing away from the tree, I hear snap and crash onto the ground with a thunderous thud.

Ashley: "Guess we're going to have to take a different path then."
>>
No. 813165 ID: 15a025
File 149930044245.png - (14.40KB , 800x600 , 111.png )
813165

After following Ashley through the forest paths a bit, we find a potential tree to chop down for wood!

Ashley: "Ha ha! There's a good looking tree!"

Candy: "Yeah, and more of those stupid plants too."
>>
No. 813172 ID: 91ee5f

>>813165
Ok, no. Those plants are definitely purple! That tree fell over just as you guys happened to be going by? I don't think so! I don't know how, but I think it was triggered somehow!

Warn everyone that those flowers and bushes on the right are purple! Just to be safe, have someone hit them with light magic to see what happens!
>>
No. 813204 ID: ca0e20

I think one of the flowers is also a piranha plant! Or rather, an equivalent.
>>
No. 813246 ID: 15a025
File 149931222650.gif - (17.19KB , 800x600 , 112.gif )
813246

>Warn everyone that those flowers and bushes on the right are purple! Just to be safe, have someone hit them with light magic to see what happens!

Rainy: "Jill could you try blasting those plants over there with a light spell and see what happens? They're showing up purple on my radar."

Jill: "Sure thing. Holy Arrow!"
The plant gets split in half and blips off the blindar.
>>
No. 813247 ID: 15a025
File 149931225242.png - (7.82KB , 800x600 , 113.png )
813247

Jill: "Seems to be safe to chop the weeds down then? Holy Arrow!"

and the rest of the plants are gone now!
>>
No. 813249 ID: 15a025
File 149931228732.png - (16.01KB , 800x600 , 114.png )
813249

Ashley guides me over to the tree they want me to chop down.

Ashley: "Do you know how to chop a tree down Rainy?"

Rainy: "You just get down by the base of the tree and start copping away right? Why do you ask?"

Ashley: "Aren't you going to be the one chopping the tree down?"

Rainy: "Sure, but shouldn't I have an axe for that?"

Ashley: "What happened to the axe I gave you before we left?"

Rainy: "You didn't give me an axe. I thought you were carrying one of you somewhere this whole time?"

Ashley: "I guess I was in such a hurry I forgot to then? Ugh... how are we going to chop it down now then?"

Hmm.... I can think of a few ways myself. I could try using the serious business arm to knock it down, or use my earth enchantment to try and uproot the tree? I could ask Ashley or Jill if they've got any useful enchantments for this either? What do you think Spooky Spirits?
>>
No. 813456 ID: 3abd97

>>813249
Could you use earth magic to make something sharp, like an axe? Then you could use the arm to cut it down instead of trying to punch it down.
>>
No. 813460 ID: 91ee5f

>>813249
Well, you do need to practice Earth magic to get better at it, so let's do that. Just, uh, put some distance between you and the tree, in case it starts falling towards you. Also, if it only comes up a little but not enough to fall over, then you can just push it over with your arm.
>>
No. 813636 ID: 15a025
File 149944959018.png - (8.02KB , 800x600 , 115.png )
813636

>Could you use earth magic to make something sharp, like an axe? Then you could use the arm to cut it down instead of trying to punch it down.

I'm not as good as Ronda is with it. Right now all I can do it control the distance the spikes go, and their height to some extent.

>Well, you do need to practice Earth magic to get better at it, so let's do that. Just, uh, put some distance between you and the tree, in case it starts falling towards you. Also, if it only comes up a little but not enough to fall over, then you can just push it over with your arm.

I back up from the tree a bit and start going through the motions to use the enchantment.

Rainy: "It's time to raise these roots!"

The spike ends up jutting right into the base of the tree...

Oh? I hear it cracking a bit though!
>>
No. 813638 ID: 15a025
File 149944963210.png - (10.12KB , 800x600 , 116.png )
813638

Candy: "Timber!"

And the tree crashes down on to the ground.

Ashley: "A little messy, but not bad Rainy."

Rainy: "So, how do we plan on carrying this tree to your village Ashley?"

Ashley: "Well, I thought your arm would be strong enough to lift it up by yourself and haul it back with no problem."

Rainy: "What?"

Ashley: "Haha, I'm only kidding...a bit. I was planning on using my wind magic to lift the tree up a bit and make it a lighter load for the three of you to carry."

Even with Ashley's magic, Candy and Jill's help, and the serious business arm, the tree is still pretty heavy to haul. It takes a lot longer to get it back to the village, and when we get back I find out it's close to nightfall already.
>>
No. 813639 ID: 15a025
File 149944966621.png - (3.69KB , 800x600 , 117.png )
813639

Ashley: "Thanks again for helping haul back this tree Rainy! Was there any kind of instrument you were looking for in particular?"

Rainy: "A whistle would work really well. But if you don't have one, a little flute would work well!"

Ashley: "I'll see what we've got, and bring back what I can find. I'm a little curious though, why do you need an instrument so badly?"
>>
No. 814618 ID: 7b65b9

Tell her we're using it to try to tame a wild beast.
>>
No. 814634 ID: 3abd97

>>813639
We have a defensive spell that needs a whistle, and we'd really like it set up and working before we move out again.
>>
No. 814643 ID: 91ee5f

>>813639
Tell her that Candy really wanted to get a souvenir of some kind!

>>814634
No, don't say that! She might ask for a demonstration!
>>
No. 814803 ID: 15a025
File 149977925169.png - (6.18KB , 800x600 , 118.png )
814803

>we're using it to try to tame a wild beast.
> Candy really wanted to get a souvenir of some kind!

Rainy: "We're going to use it to tame a wild beast. That and Candy also wanted a little souvenir as well."

I hear Ashley chuckle a bit.
Ashley: "You're one strange bunch. Alright, I'll return with whatever I can find!"

A few moments later, Ashley returns with something for Candy.
Ashley: "Sorry if it took me a bit. I found a nice little wooden flute for you, and strung a nice little rope around the end so you can wear it like a necklace as well."

Candy: "Haha, the rope is even striped like a candy cane. Thanks Ashley."

Ashley: "No problem!"
>>
No. 814804 ID: 15a025
File 149977937398.gif - (19.60KB , 800x600 , 119.gif )
814804

Now that Candy's got her instrument, we head back outside and find Tybalt. Once we find him, we walk a little bit away from the village so no-one see's what we're really up to. Then Candy and Tybalt start talking in that strange snarly language, and Tybalt draws out a circle thingy that shows up on the blindar.

Jill: "Wait wait wait. Candy what's with the summoning circle in the dirt here."

Candy: "Oh, it's just a magic circle Tybalt's going to use to put a bit of himself in the flute. All I have to do now is set it down."

The flute is put down on the circle, and something flashes into it on the blindar, and then Tybalt disappears with the magic circle.

Rainy: "So..is Tybalt in the flute now ?"

Candy: "Kind of? His soul is in the flute, but he said his body would be training back at his home in the cursed realm."

Off in the distance, I hear a rather loud horn blare a few times.

Candy: "Sounds like our ride home is here Rainy. Let's go check it out!"

Jill: "Shouldn't you go let your other friends know your boat might be here first?"
>>
No. 815321 ID: ab6d3e

Didn't Oscar say our ride wouldn't be here till tomorrow morning?
If so, maybe it'd be best to check out the boat first before dragging Ronda into a possible trap.

Also tell Candy to break out a funky flute solo to see how summoning Tybalt goes?
>>
No. 815368 ID: 91ee5f

>>814804
Even though he's a pain in the ass and it would feel very good to leave him here, we'd better go get Don.

>>815321
No, Oscar said tonight or tomorrow morning.

But you make a good point, let's check to make sure it's out boat before we get on it!
>>
No. 815392 ID: 3abd97

>>814804
Look to see if it is the boat and not something else, but do not board without telling the others first.
>>
No. 815473 ID: 15a025
File 149996017979.gif - (16.51KB , 800x600 , 120.gif )
815473

>maybe it'd be best to check out the boat first before dragging Ronda into a possible trap.
>Even though he's a pain in the ass and it would feel very good to leave him here, we'd better go get Don.
>check to make sure it's out boat before we get on it!

Rainy: "Yeah, we should get Don and Ronda and have them make sure it's actually our ride."

>Also tell Candy to break out a funky flute solo to see how summoning Tybalt goes?

Rainy: "Before we go though. Candy could try playing a little song with your flute and see how summoning Tybalt goes?"

Candy: "Sure thing."

Candy plays a quick little tune on her flute, and Tybalt re-appears on the blindar. Then she plays the flute again, and Tybalt disappears.
>>
No. 815474 ID: 15a025
File 149996023058.png - (6.11KB , 800x600 , 121.png )
815474

Back at the village I grab Ronda and Don, who somehow managed to finish cleaning up already?
We say our goodbyes to the village people, when Ashley comes running for us.

Ashley: "Wait a second!"

Rainy: "Ashley, what's up?"

They hand me something?
Rainy: "What's this?"

Ashley: "It's my letter to the king requesting an audience with him. You said you would be able deliver that right?"

Rainy: "I can try and get it to him, but I'm not sure he'll read it or not?"

Ashley: "I'm still willing to travel with you and try to get an audience with him if you think you can get that arranged?"

I'm still not really sure about if we can do that or not? What do you think Spooky Spirits, should we take Ashley with us?
>>
No. 815491 ID: 91ee5f

>>815474
>Give Ashley an audience with the King? What do you think Spooky Spirits, should we take Ashley with us?
True, there's no guarantee that we can arrange something like that, but she did help us out with the mission, so I'm sure the King would at least be willing to hear her out.

Plus, I'm sure she made sure Don was behaving himself when we split up earlier, so bonus points for her!

But, even if she does manage to get an audience with the King, there's still no guarantee that he'll be able to grant whatever her request is. However, if she's this willing to try and meet the King, then we might as well help her out!

.....As long as it's not more important for her to be here in her village, then yes she can come!

Hey, now that I think about it, what about Jill? Her mission was to stop the Queen Chimera from being summoned and now that she's done that, she's gonna go back to her home and tell them that the mission is complete, right? Then, I guess it's time to say goodbye to her.
>>
No. 815525 ID: ca0e20

>>815491
This, particularly the part about her helping with the mission. I think we said we'd help her get an audience with the king before, but she pretty much earned it at this point.

If she's ready to come along, she can!
>>
No. 815592 ID: 3abd97

>>815474
You were a big help, and if you want to come, I'll do everything I can to get you that audience.

I can't promise they'll be helpful, though.
>>
No. 815979 ID: 15a025
File 150013604962.png - (5.87KB , 800x600 , 122.png )
815979

>True, there's no guarantee that we can arrange something like that, but she did help us out with the mission, so I'm sure the King would at least be willing to hear her out.

Rainy: "As long as there isn't anything you need to stay here at your village for, you're welcome to come with us. You did help us out on our mission after all."

Ashley: "Thank you. Will I be able to get a ride back out here though after a few days though?"

Ronda: "I'll make sure Oscar gives you a ride home after everything."

Ashley: "Looks like I'm coming with then!"

>Hey, now that I think about it, what about Jill? Her mission was to stop the Queen Chimera from being summoned and now that she's done that, she's gonna go back to her home and tell them that the mission is complete, right? Then, I guess it's time to say goodbye to her.

Rainy: "So Jill, I suppose you're going to head home as well?"

Jill: "I hate to ask, but would you mind if I road home with you as well? I don't have a way of getting back otherwise."

Rainy: "I don't see why not?"

Ronda: "Well, shall we be off then?"

Rainy: "We shall!"

The villagers and chief cheer us off to the entrance, and then Ashley leads out of the forest and back to where our ride is.
>>
No. 815980 ID: 15a025
File 150013614570.png - (5.34KB , 800x600 , 123.png )
815980

Before coming out in the open though, I ask Ronda and Don if they can identify the boat as one of the king's?

Ronda: "It looks like our boat. We should still be cautious though, the crew might be cursed or working with the enemy terrorist group."

We come out and find there's someone waiting by the boat for us. They let out a small yawn, and tiredly great us.
???: "Hello, Lady Brasshoof and co?"

Rainy: "Yes, and you are...?"

???: "Captain Snowball of the Pioneer of Seas"

I hear Candy start to giggle a bit.

Snowball: "Well, are you all ready to board and head out?"

Ronda: "We are."

Candy and Jill help me climb up the rope ladder and onto the boat. Afterwards, Captain Snowball shows us to our rooms.

Snowball: "I'm not sure if there's enough beds for everyone. If there isn't, someone can sleep up in my bed. I'm going to have to stay up driving this instead of sleeping."

Before we can say anything about it, he heads off.

Don: "We'll probably have to just share beds. I only see three rooms down here."

Ronda: "Rainy, if you want to share a room with your friend I can bunk with Don, and then Jill and Ashley can have the other room. If that's alright with everyone?"

Candy: "Sounds like a plan, though I'm not really ready for bed myself."

Rainy: "Neither am I."
>>
No. 815981 ID: 15a025
File 150013627499.png - (8.23KB , 800x600 , 124.png )
815981

Ronda: "How about we do something a little fun tonight and relax a bit then?"

Rainy: "Is there anything on the boat we could do?"

Ronda: "Usually there's a couple games and things on these boats. I know all the ships have a deck of playing cards at least. There's also stuff on here for a game of shuffle board. I'm sure if looked around a bit I could find a dart board and some darts as well."

Candy: "Anything else besides games?"

Ronda: "Not a fan of game night?"

Candy: "I'm fine with games, but I'm just wondering what else there is to do?"

Ronda: "Hmm...if there's something you have in mind I'm sure we can anything going?"

What do you feel like doing spooky guide spirits? Game night sounds kind of fun, but if you're not into playing games, Ronda sounds like she could set something else up?

*For games, they will be made so that things Rainy would need to see will show up on her blindar
>>
No. 816051 ID: 3abd97

>Candy giggles
>Snowball's speech is all small
He's a tiny animal, I take it.

>We'll probably have to just share beds.
Dibs on Candy. The sheep is cuddly and fluffy.

>For games, they will be made so that things Rainy would need to see will show up on her blindar
So things that involve pieces, but not reading. So no monopoly. Or scrabble. And since people show up as hearts, no charades. Might be interesting just to see what games are blindar-compatible.

Card games might work, if the blindar is nice enough to detect the pips (but refrains from reading other people's cards through the back sides).

Um. Spin the bottle? Blind man's bluff might be amusing (you would have to de-amulet when you were it, anyone else would have to be blindfolded).
>>
No. 816062 ID: 15a025

>>816051
If something requires reading, our friendly neighborhood chimera will enchant cards, board spaces, ect with magic ink so Rainy can read them
>>
No. 816123 ID: 91ee5f

>>816051
Let's not play a game that requires her to take the amulet off. Considering how often we get attacked, as soon as she takes us off, something's going to happen and she'll drop it and it'll go under a couch or something and nobody saw it go under there and they can't find it!

Plus, us voices are in the amulet and if she needs us, we can't help her!
>>
No. 816360 ID: 15a025
File 150024828504.png - (5.18KB , 800x600 , 125.png )
816360

>Card games might work, if the blindar is nice enough to detect the pips (but refrains from reading other people's cards through the back sides).
Rainy: "I'm up for card games."

Ronda: "I'm not sure if we have a braille deck of cards or not?"

Candy: "Hang on I got this."

I hear Candy play a little tune on her flute and summon Tybalt.

Candy: "Tybalt can enchant the deck of cards with that weird ink so the numbers and stuff show up on your radar thingy."

Ronda: "Wouldn't that let Rainy be able to see our cards as well then?"
Candy: "Nope. He's got a fix for that."

Don: "Alright, how about poker night then?"

Ronda: "Laundry night already?"

Don: "What's that supposed mean?"

Ronda: "It means we're going to be taking you to the cleaners!"

Jill: "I'm not really allowed to gamble, so I think I'll just watch."

Ashley: "Why don't we go try shuffle board then Jill?"

Jill: "You're on! Ronda, could you help us get that setup?"

Ronda: "Yup. Don, go get our poker game setup while I help our guests out."
>>
No. 816361 ID: 15a025
File 150024834205.png - (14.58KB , 800x600 , 126.png )
816361

Don brings us into one of the rooms and pulls out a poker table and a deck of cards. I hear him fumbling around with some plastic wrap, so it must be a new deck! After he gets them opened, Tybalt starts enchanting the deck with that magic ink so I can actually see my hand. Candy has to put him back in the flute after so he can rest up. Just as I hear Don shuffle the cards up, Ronda comes in and sits on the table.

Don: "Alright, everyone's getting fifty chips for tonight. Minimum bet is one chip and the max is fifteen.

Don deals out five cards to everyone and I check my hand. It's kind of hitting me that I actually don't know how play poker all that well!

Don: "Alright, you're up first Rainy!"
Uh...?
>>
No. 816362 ID: 15a025
File 150024837050.png - (16.32KB , 800x600 , 127.png )
816362

Current Hand:
2 of Diamonds
3 of Spades
9 of Clubs
10 of Diamonds
Queen of Hearts
>>
No. 816489 ID: d909da

I say get rid of the 2 and 3 and hope for a jack and either an 8 or a king. I think it's unlikely to get anything better than a pair without discarding the whole hand. (and that makes it look like you have/had a bad hand so people would me more aggressive towards you)

Keep in mind folding is an option.
>>
No. 816504 ID: 15a025
File 150030253110.png - (18.67KB , 800x600 , 128.png )
816504

>I say get rid of the 2 and 3 and hope for a jack and either an 8 or a king.
>Keep in mind folding is an option.

I guess I'll just check for now and see what happens.
Rainy: "I'll check."

Candy: "Alright, then I'll throw one chip in."

Ronda: "I'm going to fold this turn."

Don: "Pfft, folding right off the bat Ronda? Alright. I'll match your one chip and raise another."

Rainy: "I'll call."

Candy: "Same"

Don: "Alright how many you trading in?"

Rainy: "I'll trade in two cards please"

Candy: "Trading in three"

Don: "I'm going to trade in two cards."
>>
No. 816505 ID: 15a025
File 150030260283.png - (12.42KB , 800x600 , 129.png )
816505

My two new cards are a four and a queen! I've got a pair of two cards now, I'm not sure how good that is though?

Rainy's Hand
Four of Diamonds
Nine of Clubs
Ten of Diamonds
Queen of Clubs
Queen of Hearts
>>
No. 816637 ID: 7b95d9

Hm...This ain't the best hand. I'd say drop the four, and if you get nothing better, might want to fold, actually.
>>
No. 816686 ID: d909da

If this is 5 card draw then that was our only do-over. One pair isn't that good, but better than nothing. We're near certainly gonna lose the hand, but there's not much at stake really.
What we put in from the first round stays, so I say unless the other dudes raise heavily(3 or more) just keep in. Fold if they raise that much though.
>>
No. 816699 ID: 15a025
File 150038228187.png - (18.71KB , 800x600 , 130.png )
816699

>What we put in from the first round stays, so I say unless the other dudes raise heavily(3 or more) just keep in. Fold if they raise that much though.
Rainy: "I'll check."

Candy: "Alright, betting one more."

Don: "I'll call"

Rainy: "I'll call as well."

Don: "Alright, let's see those cards."

Rainy: "I've got a pair of queens."

Candy: "Darn. I've only got a pair of jacks."

Don: "Pair of fours..."
>>
No. 816700 ID: 15a025
File 150038231301.png - (15.88KB , 800x600 , 131.png )
816700

Ronda: "Nice job winning the first round Rainy!"
>>
No. 816701 ID: 15a025
File 150038235296.png - (18.53KB , 800x600 , 132.png )
816701

I decide to try and play a few rounds on my own and see what happens. I mostly play things a little safe and try to keep what I bet low unless I get a pair in my starting hand. It works a little bit, but my winnings are usually small. It's also a little hard as Don and Candy get into a couple insane betting wars. Ronda stays pretty quiet for most of the game, only really getting a few small wins. Soon enough, Candy has Don on the ropes and he's only down to ten chips!

Candy: "Alright, my turn to deal."

Ronda: "Better hope you get a good hand Don!"

Don: "Carful, cause I can feel my luck coming to me here!"

Candy: "Alright Ronda, your first."

Ronda: "I'll bet two chips!"

Don: "I'll call."
>>
No. 816702 ID: 15a025
File 150038241168.png - (12.18KB , 800x600 , 133.png )
816702

Hmm.... I've got a decent looking hand this time with a pair of kings to start and an ace as well. My other two cards aren't all that good though. I'm a little tempted to try and knock Don out this round, but he might fold if I try and bet big? What do you think spooky spirits?

Rainy's Hand:
3 of Diamonds
5 of Hearts
King of Clubs
King of Spades
Ace of Spades
>>
No. 816958 ID: 3abd97

>>816702
Ditch the 2 and the 3, if you're lucky you get 3 of a kind, or 2 pair. Worst case, you still have a pair of kings.

Try making a bigger bet than you have been.
>>
No. 817295 ID: 15a025
File 150065968494.png - (18.57KB , 800x600 , 134.png )
817295

>Ditch the 2 and the 3, if you're lucky you get 3 of a kind, or 2 pair. Worst case, you still have a pair of kings.

Rainy: "I'll call."
Candy: "Yeah sure, why not."

Ronda: "Trading in two cards."

Don: "Three cards for me."

Candy: "Heh, you better hope they're good ones."

Rainy: "Two cards for me please."

Candy: "And I'm also trading two cards."
>>
No. 817296 ID: 15a025
File 150065980810.png - (12.13KB , 800x600 , 135.png )
817296

Candy deals out the cards and I get another king, and a seven.
>>
No. 817298 ID: 15a025
File 150065990955.png - (19.02KB , 800x600 , 136.png )
817298

>Try making a bigger bet than you have been.
Ronda makes another two chip bet, and Don calls.

Rainy: "I'll match your two chips, and put three more in."

Candy: "I'm betting six chips here."

Ronda: "I'll call."

I hear Don start to laugh a little bit, and then he goes and does something crazy.

Don: "Ya know what, screw it. I'm all in."

Everyone calls Don's bet, and we move onto making our big reveals.

Ronda: "I've got two fives and two sixes!"

Don: "Ha I win! I've got two Queens and two aces!"

Rainy: "You sound pretty sure about that Don?"

Don: "Yeah, and?"

I lay down my hand
Rainy: "I've got three kings."

I hear him smack the table and start mumbling something.

Ronda: "Looks like the fiery flamingo burnt through all his chips. You're out Don!"

Rainy: "So, what do you have Candy?"

Candy: "Ah just a pair of jacks."

Ronda: "Looks like you win again Rainy!"
>>
No. 817306 ID: 15a025
File 150066005980.png - (18.89KB , 800x600 , 137.png )
817306

A few more rounds go by as Candy starts playing a little more aggressively, and raising all our bets by bit and getting Ronda to fold often. Eventually Candy knocks her out of the game with pair of four kings when Ronda had a pair of three sevens!

Candy: "Looks like it's just the two of us now Rainy! It also looks like you're starting to run low chips too."

Rainy: "I think I can fix my shortage with a few more rounds."

Candy: "We'll see about that!"
>>
No. 817307 ID: 15a025
File 150066008409.png - (12.01KB , 800x600 , 138.png )
817307

Candy deals me a hand and...it's not looking like a good start here. I'd toss most of my hand to try and get a pair, but Candy might catch on I've got a bad hand and try to get me to fold by betting a lot! What should I do spooky spirits!

Rainy's Hand:
Two of Diamonds
Three of Diamonds
Four of Diamonds
Five of Diamonds
Six of Diamonds
>>
No. 817362 ID: 3abd97

>>817307
That's a straight flush, Rainy. That's good. 5 cards, all of the same suit, in numerical sequence. The only thing that beats that is if Candy has the same thing with higher value cards. Odds are she doesn't.

You don't want to discard any of those cards, and you want to goad Candy into betting high.
>>
No. 818596 ID: 15a025
File 150109493926.png - (19.04KB , 800x600 , 139.png )
818596

>That's a straight flush, Rainy. That's good. 5 cards, all of the same suit, in numerical sequence. The only thing that beats that is if Candy has the same thing with higher value cards. Odds are she doesn't.
>You don't want to discard any of those cards, and you want to goad Candy into betting high.

If I'm going to get her to beat high, I'll have to set the mood before we go to exchange cards. She might see something's up when I choose not to trade anything of my cards in.

Candy: "So, how much you willing bet Rainy?"

Rainy: "I'll throw in three chips!"

Candy: "I'll raise you to five chips."

I sit for a second and try to make it seem like I'm thinking a bit.

Rainy: "I'll take your raise, and raise you two more chips."

Candy: "This might be an interesting round, I think I'll raise you another eight chips and max it out this turn."

Rainy: "I'll call your bet."

Candy: "Alright, how many cards you trading in?"

Rainy: "None. My hand's fine as is."

Candy: "Heh, I'm trading in just one card."

The second round of betting starts and I manage to get Candy to raise it all the way to the maximum bet again.

Candy: "Alright let's see that perfect hand there Rainy."

Rainy: I've got a flush."

Candy: "And here I thought you were trying to bluff me. Guess my four aces here aren't helping me out this turn."

I guess I really lucked out here this turn with that flush.
>>
No. 818597 ID: 15a025
File 150109500056.png - (15.47KB , 800x600 , 140.png )
818597

After that, the poker game ends up going on for another before I finally make my come back and beat Candy!

Candy: "Haha, looks like you ace'd me here. I didn't think you were into poker that much."

I hear Don let out a long, exaggerate yawn.
Don: "I don't know about you three, but I'm hitting the sack."

Ronda: "I guess I'm going to bed as well then. Goodnight you two!"

Rainy: "Goodnight Ronda."
>>
No. 818598 ID: 15a025
File 150109504591.png - (4.83KB , 800x600 , 141.png )
818598

Candy: "So... what do you feel like doing now?"

Rainy: "I'm thinking bed time myself. I'm not too tired, but it's probably getting late?"

Candy: " Eh...I'm not sure I can fall asleep right now. I'm probably going to step outside and finish off that pack of cigarettes you gave me."

Rainy: "You sound a little glum there Candy. You alright?"

Candy: "Yeah I'll be alright. I just need to think about some shit and relax a bit."
I hear Candy open up the door and step outside.

Candy: "Good night."

Should I go follow Candy and see what's up, or should I just get ready for bed and call it a night?
>>
No. 818619 ID: 91ee5f

>>818598
>Should I go follow Candy and see what's up, or should I just get ready for bed and call it a night?
Yes, follow her and see what's up.....and to keep an eye out for any flying enemies. After how many of them showed up that time on our boat ride over here, I don't like the idea of leaving someone alone outside if that happens again!
>>
No. 818651 ID: 3abd97

>>818598
Be there for your friend.
>>
No. 819074 ID: 15a025
File 150126922321.png - (4.18KB , 800x600 , 142.png )
819074

>Be there for your friend.
I get up and-

>and to keep an eye out for any flying enemies. After how many of them showed up that time on our boat ride over here, I don't like the idea of leaving someone alone outside if that happens again!

rush out the door! I really hope we don't get attacked by a hoard chimeras again! I try to hurry down the hall and head outside.

Candy: "Whoa hey Rainy. What's the rush there?"

Rainy: "I'm worried it might not be all that safe out here. On our trip to that island place, we got attacked by a pretty big swarm of chimeras. I'm al-"

I hear Candy smack the metal railing.
Candy: "Seriously! Are they seriously still after us!"

I back up a little bit from Candy to give her some space.

Rainy: "Maybe? I mean I don't really know if they are or not. I was just worried about you being out here alone."

Candy: "I...shoot. I shouldn't have freaked out like that. Sorry."

Rainy: "It's fine. So...what's on your mind?"

Candy: "...kind of everything?"

Rainy: "Is it something you want to talk about?"

I hear Candy puff out a smoky smelling sigh, then cough a bit.

Candy: "It's something pretty dumb and I shouldn't even be thinking about right now. Still, I'm starting to get kind of nervous about what's going to happen when I head home after all this."

Rainy: "Why? What's happening back home?"
>>
No. 819075 ID: 15a025
File 150126927601.png - (11.76KB , 800x600 , 143.png )
819075

I hear her let a out a small sigh.

Candy: "That stupid family Christmas get together is coming up and everyone in the family is going to give me shit about what happened at college."

Rainy: "What happened that'd everyone be mad at you for?"

Candy starts to coughing again as she tries to talk.
Candy: "I'm not sure I could explain it that well?"

Rainy: "No harm in trying? At the same time, if you don't want to talk about it, please don't force yourself to Candy."

Candy: "Nah, it's fine. I'm going to have to explain it all to the folks anyway."
>>
No. 819076 ID: 15a025
File 150126932496.png - (8.07KB , 800x600 , 144.png )
819076

Candy starts by filling me in on how her dorm room burnt down, and about the terrorist attack on the college.

Candy: "So a few days after that mess, I got brought into the police station and they found d- my special candy cane cigarettes in my room. Of all the things that didn't get destroyed, go figure."

Rainy: "You didn't get arrested... did you?"

Candy: "Yeah for a few days, till something weird happened and they let me out. Apparently the college bailed me out or made a deal or something? They never really explained it to me. They were kind of just 'get out and go.' So I left and went back to the college."

Rainy: "And then?"

Candy: "I'm getting there, hang on."

I hear Candy fiddling around with her lighter. A couple clicks tick through the air and soon another stick wave of smoke blows around.
>>
No. 819078 ID: 15a025
File 150126936607.png - (9.74KB , 800x600 , 145.png )
819078

Candy: "So after getting, back I'm drowning in catch up work and end up cramming to get back on track. Just as I'm getting things done, and my grades finally start going up again, a letter comes in the mail for me. My parents sent me a letter and... and... ugh!"

I hear Candy start coughing a lot and...
>>
No. 819079 ID: 15a025
File 150126938827.png - (4.19KB , 800x600 , 146.png )
819079

Rainy: "Candy are you alright!"

I hear start to throw up a bit.
>>
No. 819104 ID: 91ee5f

>>819079
Take the cigarettes away from her! The reason she's like this is because they're not her usual candy cane cigarettes!

Or she could just be seasick.

But still! Take those cigarettes away from her and if she doesn't get better, take her inside and take her to a medic!
>>
No. 819118 ID: 3abd97

>>819079
>>819104
It might also be nerves, if this bothers her that much.

Massage her back? Don't let her fall if she's physically overcome, but mostly it's just a matter of being there and waiting for her to stop feeding the fishes, unless it escalates.
>>
No. 819294 ID: 15a025
File 150135586108.png - (4.80KB , 800x600 , 147.png )
819294

>Massage her back? Don't let her fall if she's physically overcome, but mostly it's just a matter of being there and waiting for her to stop feeding the fishes, unless it escalates.
I walk over and keep an arm around her to make sure she doesn't go over-board or fall over. I try to give her a back massage, but my arm gets lost in her mass amount of wool!

>Take those cigarettes away from her and if she doesn't get better, take her inside and take her to a medic!

Rainy: "Candy, can I have the pack of cigarettes please?"

I hear her groan a little and try to move away a little bit, but pull her back a little bit. She groans again, but reluctantly hands me her pack. It feels pretty light, and almost empty? I start thinking she stuffed them all away somewhere real quick, but I feel inside and find there's just three left! I'd ask about it, but now might be a bad time to?
>>
No. 819295 ID: 15a025
File 150135590442.png - (4.19KB , 800x600 , 148.png )
819295

After a little bit, Candy starts to calm down and walks away from the railing.
Candy: "Can't say I expected that to happen..."

Rainy: "Are you going to be alright Candy?"

Candy: "Yeah, I think I'm alright now."

Rainy: "Maybe we should go see Ronda and her check you over, just to be safe?"

Candy: "Nah, don't go waking her up over nothing. I said I'm fine."

Rainy: "Are you sure, I'm sure she wouldn't mind?"

Candy: "Yeah I'm sure. Kind of feel like hitting the sack after that actually."

Rainy: "Sounds like a plan."
>>
No. 819296 ID: 15a025
File 150135597470.png - (6.56KB , 800x600 , 149.png )
819296

I bring Candy back inside to our tiny room and start to get ready for bed. While I'm changing, I hear Candy play her flute and summon Tybalt.

Rainy: "Something going on Candy?"

Candy: "Just calling in Tybalt to guard the room while we're sleeping."

After I finish changing, I crawl into bed with Candy and get cozy. Then Tybalt hops onto the bed and decides to lay on top of me.

Rainy: "I thought you said Tybalt was going to guard the room while we were sleeping?"

I hear Candy giggle a bit.
Candy: "Who says you can't be comfy while you're on duty?"

She's got me there. I give Tybalt a little pat on the head.
Rainy: "Alright then, goodnight Candy."

Candy: "Goodnight Rainy."

I hear Candy click off the lamp, and soon she's snoring away, and not long after I'm out like light too...

Blind Quest will return after a short break.
>>
No. 820011 ID: 15a025
File 150163869497.png - (4.48KB , 800x600 , 150.png )
820011

The next night...

Captain Snowball: "The ship has docked! Please wait till the castle guards come with the wheelie staircase to exit the boat."

It takes almost no time at all for them to wheel in the heavy sounding staircase, but as they do. I notice there's someone on top of the staircase?

Oscar: "Surprise!"

Rainy: "Oscar? Isn't that a little dangerous?"

Oscar: "Nothing's too dangerous for this old captain! Now, if may have your hand Rainy, I shall help you down."

I feel Candy hurry up and hoist me onto her shoulders.
Candy: "That's fine, I've got things handled here."

Oscar chuckles a little.
Oscar: "I guess so! Well then, follow me. His highness requests your presence at once!"

Candy carries me down the stairs and tries to carry me on the way to the see the king, but I start hearing her trying to catch her breath.

Rainy: "Candy I think I'll be fine walking from here."

Candy: "Ah...alright. If you say so."
>>
No. 820012 ID: 15a025
File 150163881428.png - (6.21KB , 800x600 , 151.png )
820012

When we enter the King's room, a band of trumpeters signal our entry with a short regal sounding fanfare.
King Gort: "Lady Brasshoof! I must congratulate you and the mages on a safe return, and for rescuing my beloved daughter."

I hear Jill start to walk up, then she stops as few whispers spread around the room. I hear the king clear his throat before he starts to speak again.

King Gort: "Mmghm. Yes, and Lady Jill. I hear you were a key member in helping Lady Brasshoof fight off the terrorist's leader."

I'm a little confused on what's happening, and start whispering to Candy.

Rainy: "Candy, what's going on? Why's everyone whispering and acting kind of funny?"

Candy:"I don't know, when the king thanked you, Jill walked up did a little curtsey. Now she just looks like she has no idea what's going on."
>>
No. 820013 ID: 15a025
File 150163884924.png - (3.97KB , 800x600 , 152.png )
820013

King Gort: "Anyhow...Normally, we would have a large celebration party going on for all of your return. However there are a few other matters that need to be tended to. Lady Brasshoof, Buddy, Oscar, and Ronda, I need to discuss a few things with you in private. For the rest of our guests, we have prepared a most lovely dinner tonight! The guards will escort you on over to the dining hall."

I head off with Oscar and the others, when I hear Jill following behind me?
>>
No. 820108 ID: 3abd97

>>820012
Is Jill on the outs in court or something?

>I head off with Oscar and the others, when I hear Jill following behind me?
Probably wants to talk to you.
>>
No. 820123 ID: 15a025
File 150172065368.png - (3.80KB , 800x600 , 153.png )
820123

>Probably wants to talk to you.
I turn around see what Jill wants.

Rainy: "Need something Jill?"

Jill: "Rainy, what's going on here?"

Rainy: "What do you mean what's going on? Is something wrong?"

Jill: "I...who is the king talking about here? I thought he was formally addressing me when we first entered. So I took a step forward, and then the room went silent for a bit and he referred to me by first name then? Then..."

Oscar: "Rainy, I don't mean to cut in on your conversation, but the king is waiting."

Jill: "I guess to get the point, I'm a little confused on where I'm supposed to go?"
>>
No. 820126 ID: 91ee5f

>>820123
Ohhhh, I see what the problem is!

When the King referred to you as Lady Brasshoof, Jill took a step forward, meaning Jill accidentally thought that the King was talking to her!

You might want to explain to Jill that the King refers to you as Lady Brasshoof.

.....and then ask if her name happens to also be Brasshoof?

>"I guess to get the point, I'm a little confused on where I'm supposed to go?"
Make sure you mention to Oscar about Jill's confusion and ask where she's supposed to go.
>>
No. 820134 ID: 3abd97

>>820123
Wait, is your last name Brasshoof too?

...did everything happen because the king confused you with Jill?
>>
No. 820255 ID: 15a025
File 150177899472.png - (7.75KB , 800x600 , 154.png )
820255

>You might want to explain to Jill that the King refers to you as Lady Brasshoof. .....and then ask if her name happens to also be Brasshoof?

Rainy: "Just a second please! Jill, is your last name also Brasshoof?"

Jill: "Yes. Wait, you're also a Brasshoof? I- well maybe now isn't a good time to talk about it. Could we after your meeting with the king?"

>...did everything happen because the king confused you with Jill?
I really hope everything this week didn't happen over a little mix up like that!

>Make sure you mention to Oscar about Jill's confusion and ask where she's supposed to go.
Rainy: "Sure thing. Hey Oscar, could you get someone to help Jill out over here? She got separated from the other group."

I hear him make a tiny little clapping sound.
Oscar: "Could you please escort our guest over there to the dining hall please? Thank you. Now let's please hurry Rainy!"

Oscar spares no time, and just quickly drags me into the meeting room.

King Gort: "Now that everyone's here, we can finally start the debriefing."
Buddy: "But Don's not here?"

The king replies to Buddy in rather grumpy tone.
King Gort: "I will have a private chat with him later."

Buddy: "Oh... Well, what would you like to hear about first your majesty?"

King Gort: "I'd like to ask what's happened to my daughter and why her antl-"
I hear him cough a little bit mid sentence there...
King Gort: "Why her head has those strange cuts! Oscar says that's how you found her though?"
>>
No. 820439 ID: c87f08

>King Gort: "I will have a private chat with him later."

Sounds like someone's getting fired tonight.

>King Gort: "Why her head has those strange cuts! Oscar says that's how you found her though?"

Weren't they holes, not cuts?
>>
No. 820482 ID: 91ee5f

"Yes, that's how we found her. We've got no idea what happened to her though."
>>
No. 820587 ID: 15a025
File 150196132025.png - (8.56KB , 800x600 , 155.png )
820587

>Weren't they holes, not cuts?
I don't think anyone really said what the injury was? I only remember someone saying her head was bleeding.

>Yes, that's how we found her. We've got no idea what happened to her though.

Rainy: "Yes, we found her hurt pretty bad. We don't know what happened, or who did it though."

King Gort: "A grave shame so little is known, and all I can do now is hope for the best."

Ronda: "How is the princess doing, your highness?"

King Gort: "She's resting in the comforts of her room right now, with a few doctors and several of our best guards watching over her."

After a few seconds of awkward silence, I hear the king cough a bit and change subjects.

King Gort: "So, while Oscar and Buddy were on their way back here with the princess, what was your group doing?"

I tell the king of our battle against the leader, how we stopped them from summoning the chimera queen, and escaped the tower before it blew up!
Rainy: "After we escaped from the tower, Ashley was kind enough to let us stay at their village while we waited for our ride home to come."

King Gort: "So that's what they're trying accomplish? Alright, I suppose now would be a good time to share what has happened since you left then. Or is there anything else someone would like to add or share?"
>>
No. 820609 ID: 3abd97

You could bring up that Ashley was interested in an audience.
>>
No. 820610 ID: 91ee5f

>>820587
I guess mention that Ashley, the other person that helped us, wanted to speak with him.
>>
No. 820764 ID: 15a025
File 150203738669.png - (8.91KB , 800x600 , 156.png )
820764

>You could bring up that Ashley was interested in an audience.
Rainy: "Real quick, our friend Ashley traveled back here with us hoping to get an audience with you?"

King Gort: "I'll think about it for now. There's a lot of things going on that require my attention at the moment."

Buddy: "Like?"

King Gort: "I'll get to it in a moment. Let's take a second to talk about what happened while you were overseas. Where do I even start?"

Ronda: "Usually the beginning is a good spot."

King Gort: "Great advice as always Ronda. Well not very long after the five of you left, the alarms were sounded and the medical wing was under attack by the terrorist group. Then almost right after that, more attackers were charging in through a back entrance not even I had known about!"

Ronda: "Are you sure it isn't one they happened to make with a couple explosives?"

King Gort: "No, it was an actual door they were sneaking in through. It was made from the same stone used in the walls."

Oscar: "Did you send someone to search over the castle for any other possible unknown entries like that?"

King Gort: "Almost all our soldiers and holy knights have been out protecting the towns and cities from the wide spread chimera attacks. While it is a good idea to search for hidden doors, it should be done when things settle down."

Ronda: "There's been chimera attacks in the cities?"

King Gort: "Not just the cities, but my castle too! A swarm of them came flying in side by side with a group of helicopters. The front gates turned into a massive war zone and the fight raged on till the next day. That puts us to about when Buddy and Oscar managed to arrive."

Buddy: "Even though we got here just after all the fighting was over, there was a lot of work to be done. I've been slowly helping with purifying all the curses people got while we were gone."

King Gort: "Anything else to add?"

Oscar: "Nothing I can think of."

King Gort: "Alright then, you three are dismissed. Lady Brasshoof, we have another matter to discuss."
The king waits for Oscar and the other mages to leave before continuing.
>>
No. 820765 ID: 15a025
File 150203743929.png - (6.19KB , 800x600 , 157.png )
820765

King Gort: "I'd like to talk to you about this company you were working for."

Rainy: "Uh...what about it?"

King Gort: "What exactly was your job there?"

Rainy: "I was a courier. I delivered blue prints and prototype products to other factories over the kingdom."

King Gort: "Were you ever told what kind of products you were delivering?"

I'm starting to feel like I'm being interrogated here.
Rainy: "Sometimes?"

He asks another question, but this time it really sounds like he means business.
King Gort: "Did you ever have to deliver experimental weaponry to other factories or businesses?"

He really is interrogating me isn't he!
>>
No. 820773 ID: 91ee5f

>>820765
>"Did you ever have to deliver experimental weaponry to other factories or businesses?"
>He really is interrogating me isn't he?!
Calm down. Just answer his questions honestly and you'll be fine!

Tell him about the things you delivered. And after you tell him about those things, you might want to tell him that the robotic arm that you've got was also one of the things you were supposed to deliver. But after someone tried to steal it, they did something to your original arm and it had to be removed. So your boss thought it'd be a good idea to replace your arm with the robotic arm you were delivering.

Waaaaaiiit, I think I get what the King is trying to say!

I think he's trying to say that your boss is working with the terrorists!
>>
No. 820789 ID: 3abd97

Um, your majesty, not sharing the details with uninvolved parties is part of courier work. Signing non-disclosure forms was a condition of employment. This is... kind of an awkward position you're putting me in.
>>
No. 820840 ID: 15a025
File 150206651330.png - (5.43KB , 800x600 , 158.png )
820840

>Um, your majesty, not sharing the details with uninvolved parties is part of courier work. Signing non-disclosure forms was a condition of employment. This is... kind of an awkward position you're putting me in.
Rainy: "You're kind of pushing me into a weird corner here, your highness."

His tone clams down a bit as he replies.
King Gort: "How might I be doing that?"

Rainy: "I had to sign a few NDA forms to get the job. I can't really be sharing this information with uninvolved parties."

King Gort: "Okay let me ask you this. What does the company you work for claim to be?"

Rainy: "I'm honestly not sure, no one was really clear about it. Some military R&D base or something?"

King Gort: "Then being a military base, wouldn't that mean it's funded by the kingdom?"

Rainy: "No. From my understanding, it's a privately owned company?"

King Gort: "And do you see what might be wrong with that?"
>>
No. 820843 ID: 91ee5f

>>820840
He's got a point, that's pretty shady. And the King is implying that your boss is helping the terrorists!

So, unless you want to be in trouble, I think you should ignore the NDA and just tell him about the things you delivered, the arm and how it became attached to you, along with answering any other questions he may have for you!

Hopefully, the King won't send you to the dungeon for your involvement with your boss' company! Which, if you consider how much you've been helping, the King probably won't punish you! .....I hope!
>>
No. 820844 ID: 3abd97

>"And do you see what might be wrong with that?"
Well, I suppose there's a potential for corruption and abuse, but there's the same potential in a government controlled military. It all comes down to the people involved and how they conduct themselves.

Your majesty, to my knowledge, they haven't done anything illegal, and I wouldn't be obligated to keep quiet about it if they had.

The company has done a lot for me, though. I wouldn't have this arm, otherwise. And honestly, I don't think I could have completed the mission to save your daughter without it.
>>
No. 820845 ID: 91ee5f

>>820844
What are you doing?!

The King wouldn't be asking Rainy these questions if he didn't have some kind of evidence that would lead him to believe that the company Rainy is working for was doing something wrong! This is the King, he's obviously got the resources to get this evidence. These questions aren't about him looking for a reason to investigate the company, these questions are for seeing if Rainy is involved in whatever shady stuff the company is doing.

Continuing to not answer the King's questions will only land Rainy in the dungeon!
>>
No. 820846 ID: 91ee5f

>>820845
Besides, haven't you noticed that most of the guys that've attacked Rainy have all been after her arm? Sure, it helped, but it also put a target on Rainy's back! And just because they gave us the arm, that doesn't mean that they're not guilty of doing something bad when Rainy isn't around to witness it.
>>
No. 820847 ID: 3abd97

>>820845
>>820846
Why assume the king's in the right, and the company's in the wrong? We have no proof it's either way, and jumping one way or the other is a bad idea now.

Honestly, this reads to me like a power play. The king is annoyed he doesn't control these people, and is digging for an excuse to come down on them. He's looking for a scapegoat, and to consolidate power.

I don't trust Rainy's boss or the king as far as I can throw either of them, and letting the king use us as a pawn in a move against the other will go bad.
>>
No. 820848 ID: 91ee5f

>>820847
>Power play.
No, this sounds more like a father that wants revenge for what happened to his daughter and is wanting to make sure he's blaming the right people, before he rushes in and falsely accuses an innocent R&D Company for doing something they didn't do.

Let's just ask what evidence he's got that shows that Rainy's boss is involved.
>>
No. 820859 ID: 7b65b9

Since the cultists and terrorists are both after your arm, we can assume the company you work for isn't in cahoots with them, so it may not be advisable to possibly rat them out for something.
You should ask the king what he suspects they did, and go from there.
>>
No. 820894 ID: 15a025
File 150212070583.png - (5.60KB , 800x600 , 159.png )
820894

>He's got a point, that's pretty shady. And the King is implying that your boss is helping the terrorists!
It does sound pretty shady, but I'm not sure he's trying to implying my boss is working for the terrorists? I feel like he's trying to hint at something here though.

>You should ask the king what he suspects they did, and go from there.
>Let's just ask what evidence he's got that shows that Rainy's boss is involved.

Rainy: "I'd feel more comfortable answering all these questions if you'd just tell me what's going on here. As far as I know, my company isn't doing anything illegal."

King Gort: "They're-"

Officer Nibbles: " Zip it ya royal pain!"

King Gort: "I beg your pardon? How did you even get in here anyway?"

Officer Nibbles: "Maybe you shouldn't leave such a nice gap under your doors for me to squeeze under."

King Gort: "Okay, why are you interrupting our-"

Officer Nibbles: "Shady interrogation? I didn't quiet hear everything, but it sure sounds like to me, that you're trying to lead miss Brasshoof here. I'm going to have to ask you to leave the room while I continue my investigation."

The room stays silent for a few seconds, before the king makes his decision.
King Gort: "Very well then officer."

King Gort leaves the room.

Officer Nibbles: "Well that was close. That royal fart almost blew this whole investigation."

Rainy: "I'm glad to hear from you again Officer Nibbles, and I'd like to catch up with you, but could you please just explain what's going here?"

Officer Nibbles: "The company you work for is being investigated for a laundry list of illegal goods and products."

Rainy: "Now I'm getting curious, why would the king be asking me about something like that?"
Officer Nibbles: "I'm not sure, but honestly I suspect his royal old fart has something with all this. Now, would you be willing to answer a few questions regarding what it is you do at the company?"
>>
No. 820932 ID: 91ee5f

>>820894
>"The company you work for is being investigated for a laundry list of illegal goods and products."
They are being investigated for doing illegal things!

>Now, would you be willing to answer a few questions regarding what it is you do at the company?
Say yes.

Also, ask if your arm is one of the illegal things? And if it is, do you have to give it up or can you keep it?
>>
No. 820965 ID: 3abd97

>They are being investigated for doing illegal things!
Bear in mind that "investigated" does not mean "guilty", or even that the government forces at work have fair, just motivations. And that there are both legal and moral limits on cooperation with even legitimate investigations.

>being questioned by an actually competent police professional instead of a shady chief executive
That is a much better situation, though.

Tell Nibbles that, yes, you're willing to answer her questions as best you are able within the constrains of the non disclosures you've had to sign. Past that, you'd really have to talk to a lawyer about your options, first.

Because if your company actually did do illegal things, those agreements don't bind you, but no one has proven they've done anything illegal which gets... messy. Also, we can advise you, but we're not lawyers. We don't know all the laws in this country, and the devil is in the details. If it gets to the point where you would be faced with the choice of disclosing confidential information, you need to talk to a lawyer first.

Because, worst case for you if you talk is either the company is innocent, or they're guilty and the cops don't nail them. Which would leave your ex-bosses free to fire you, sue your ass off and otherwise ruin you with retaliation.
>>
No. 821016 ID: 15a025
File 150215889624.png - (5.67KB , 800x600 , 160.png )
821016

>Tell Nibbles that, yes, you're willing to answer her questions as best you are able within the constraints of the non disclosures you've had to sign.

Rainy: "I'll try my best to answer your questions Officer Nibbles, but I am under some NDA's."

Officer Nibbles: "Rats... You wouldn't happen to have a copy of those or know a general outline of them would you?"

> You'd really have to talk to a lawyer about your options, first.
There's no way I can afford a good lawyer for this! I'm probably going to have to call my boss and see if they can't send one over, or put one on speaker phone.
Rainy: "Do you mind if I call and see if I can't get a lawyer sent over?"

Officer Nibbles: "I'd honestly feel a lot better asking questions if you did."

I pull out my emergency contact phone and call up the office.

Dr. Gene: "This is Gene speaking, how may I may I be of help today?"

Rainy: "Oh hey Gene. It's Rainy calling. I really need to get in touch with the boss."

Dr. Gene: "I'm afraid he's busy at the moment, could you try calling tomorrow?"

Before I can answer she hangs up on me!

Officer Nibbles: "Is that an EMC phone?"

Rainy: "Yup, it's my emergency contact phone."

Officer Nibbles: "Aren't those only supposed to dial 911?"
>>
No. 821020 ID: 91ee5f

>>821016
Does that mean that this phone is one of the illegal things the company made? Because if it's only supposed to call 911 and they messed with it so that you could call them, wouldn't that mean there's other things in there? Or even in your arm?

GPS, so they'd always know where you are and listening devices, to listen in on things you're saying, are 2 possibilities that come to mind in this situation. But there's no way to know for sure without opening up the phone, your arm, or both.

And I'm not sure I'd trust any paperwork that you'd ask them for. You signed it before you lost your sight, right? Well, they could easily take advantage of your blindness and hand you a bunch of forms that they say is the same thing you signed, but it's actually been altered so much, that it'll say something completely different and make it to where you are their property instead of an employee!

But that's just me making wild paranoid guesses.

Why don't you ask for the evidence that they have on your boss? If it's as illegal as they claim it to be, then fuck the NDA and tell them what they want to know!
>>
No. 821025 ID: 3abd97

Oh shit. You really shouldn't have used your jailbroken phone to make a call in front of her. And yes, we did that with stuff the company provided us. >>/questarch/731289

And yeah, it's been covered before that cell phones as we know them are not readily available in Rainy's world.

I can't remember if that modification here is actually illegal, or if using mobile communications for non-emergency use just isn't commercially available. (And even if it is a no-no, thankfully, jailbreaking isn't a major crime).

Apologize to Nibbles. "Sorry, between the cyber arm and the magic and the cultists and chimeras and everything, I guess I have a skewed sense of normal these days."

>Why don't you ask for the evidence that they have on your boss?
Because a good investigator can't tell us what she knows, because then we can just confirm what she tells us, or make up a story to fit her facts. Or we can just stay mum and then tell our bosses later what the cops have.

She needs us to supply information independent of whatever she already has. We're a suspect / source / informant here, not a fellow member of the investigation.
>>
No. 821044 ID: 91ee5f

>>821025
>Or we can just stay mum and then tell our bosses later what the cops have.
That's a good joke! You actually think that after literally putting her life on the line to help these people, Rainy is just going to turn around and betray them at the last second?! Ha ha ha ha! XD
>>
No. 821045 ID: 3abd97

>>821044
Stop being an ass.

That's a reason why the cops aren't free to share everything with us, not a course of action I'm advocating for.
>>
No. 821048 ID: 91ee5f

>>821045
After everything Rainy has done, Officer Nibbles already knows for a fact that Rainy wouldn't do that.

Besides, the laws in this setting probably don't match up with IRL laws and it's probably not as complicated as we're thinking it's going to be.....probably.
>>
No. 821100 ID: 15a025
File 150221638780.png - (5.61KB , 800x600 , 161.png )
821100

>Does that mean that this phone is one of the illegal things the company made?
The phone itself is something you can just buy from just about any store that carries phones. The only real problem is I had Oscar install that chip in my phone so it can make non emergency calls.

>I can't remember if that modification here is actually illegal, or if using mobile communications for non-emergency use just isn't commercially available.

I remember Oscar giving me grief about having the chip and not really wanting to install it. I can't remember if he said it was illegal, or outlawed or something? Mobile phones for regular calls are a thing, it's just kind of really expensive. Phones for emergency calls are cheaper, but they're still kind of pricey.

>Apologize to Nibbles.
Rainy: "I'm sorry Nibbles, it's been a long week for me. I kind of forgot that chip is illegal."

I hear the officer let out a tired sigh.
Officer Nibbles: "Rainy, I might have to confiscate your phone and bring it back the station."

Rainy: "I need this phone in case something happens though!"

Officer Nibbles: "Then I'd have to bring you into the station as well then, and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to go through that."

Rainy: "If I gave you my phone, how much trouble could I be in?"

Officer Nibbles: "If you're willing to co-operate and answer any questions the station might have about it later, probably none or at most a few hours of community service."

I hand over my phone to Officer Nibbles.
Officer Nibbles: "Don't worry Rainy, I'll make sure whatever happens you'll be fine. I'm going to head out now."

Officer Nibbles: "I'll...ask...later!"

It sounds like she's having a hard time carrying my phone?
Rainy: "You need some help with that?"

Officer Nibbles: "No...I...can handle it!"

Rainy: "I'll get the door for you at least."

Officer Nibbles: "Thanks!"
>>
No. 821101 ID: 15a025
File 150221641721.png - (6.04KB , 800x600 , 162.png )
821101

Buddy: "Here, why don't I help you carry officer?"

Officer Nibbles: "Fine..."

Guess it's just now Oscar now?

Oscar: "I take it things got heated in there?"
>>
No. 821133 ID: 3abd97

>>821101
>things got heated
The King got kinda pushy about company stuff I'm not sure I'm allowed to talk about, and I accidentally used my jailbroke phone in front of officer Nibbles.

I feel like there's politics or something going on, and I don't really wanna get caught up in it.
>>
No. 821152 ID: 91ee5f

>>821133
>I don't really wanna get caught up in it.
It's too late for that. From the moment she was told the company she works for is being investigated for a laundry list of illegal goods and products, Rainy has been caught up in it.
>>
No. 821265 ID: 15a025
File 150229975686.png - (3.92KB , 800x600 , 163.png )
821265

>The King got kinda pushy about company stuff I'm not sure I'm allowed to talk about, and I accidentally used my jailbroke phone in front of officer Nibbles.

Rainy: "The King started asking me about some company stuff I can't really talk about, then I used that modded phone in front of officer Nibbles and got it confiscated."

Oscar: "I hate to say it there, but..."

Rainy: "Yeah, I know..."

Oscar: "Shall I escort you to your chambers, Lady Brasshoof?"

I giggle a bit, it's still weird hearing people talk so formally to me.
Rainy: "I'll pass, Jill mentioned she had something she wanted to talk to me about."

Oscar: "Then I shall escort you to her then!"
>>
No. 821266 ID: 15a025
File 150229981210.gif - (9.90KB , 800x600 , 164.gif )
821266

Oscar escorts me on the long trip through the castle and over to Jill's room. I can just imagine how huge this place must be!

Oscar: "Here you are, Lady Brasshoof. I'll be waiting out here in case you need me."

Rainy: "Thanks Oscar."

I knock on the door, but absent mindedly use the serious business arm to knock. I end up busting a hole into the poor door!
>>
No. 821267 ID: 15a025
File 150229986060.png - (10.58KB , 800x600 , 165.png )
821267

Jill: "Well, just come right on in then."

Rainy: "Sorry!"

I hear Jill laugh a little.
Jill: "It's fine. How'd your talk go?"

Rainy: "It ended up being about some stuff the company I work for is possibly doing. I can't really go into it much."

Jill: "Still up for talking?"

Rainy: "That's what I came for. What's up?"

Jill: "I've been really curious, both of us have the same last name. It's probably odd to ask knowing so little, but do you think there's a chance we might be related?"

Rainy: "It's could be possible? Going off of just last names makes it a little hard though. Do you know any other relatives?"

Jill: "No. I...I don't even know who my parents are."
>>
No. 821268 ID: 91ee5f

That's something else you've got in common with her.

How about race? Are you both the same type of animal?

Compare ages, see if you were both born around the same time.

When you first met Jill, she was on that other continent, so ask if she grew up over there or if she's from over here on this continent?

If you guys can't really narrow anything down, then I guess we could get both of you to test your DNA to see if there's any sorta genetic similarities.
>>
No. 821441 ID: 15a025
File 150233152844.png - (4.74KB , 799x600 , 166.png )
821441

>That's something else you've got in common with her.
Well, I've got my mother around. Speaking of, I wonder how she's been doing? As for my father, I don't really remember him.

>How about race? Are you both the same type of animal?
Yup! I can smell that Jill is also a deer.

>Compare ages, see if you were both born around the same time.
Rainy: "How old are you Jill?"

Jill: "I'm twenty-five years old. Birthday was just a few weeks ago actually."

Rainy: "Ah, I'm only eight-teen."

>When you first met Jill, she was on that other continent, so ask if she grew up over there or if she's from over here on this continent?
Rainy: "When we met over on that other continent out there, was that where you grew up?"

Jill: "No, I grew up here in Talvi. I live at one of the bigger churches in town actually."

Huh, I don't know why, but that kind of sounds familiar?

>If you guys can't really narrow anything down, then I guess we could get both of you to test your DNA to see if there's any sorta genetic similarities.
Rainy: "We could always just get our DNA tested and see if we've got genetic similarities?"

Jill: "Isn't that kind of expensive to do?"

Rainy: "Hang on, I think Oscar might know something about it. He's a pretty smart guy!"


I leave the room real quick and ask Oscar.
Oscar: "You might be in luck. I think one of our labs might have something that could help. Would you and Jill care to take a trip down there?"
>>
No. 821445 ID: 91ee5f

>>821441
Yeah, let's go. I mean, it's not like we've got anything else to do, right? Might as well get some answers.
>>
No. 821459 ID: 3abd97

>I giggle a bit, it's still weird hearing people talk so formally to me.
I would have laughed because it sounds like he's inviting you back to the bedroom.

>Huh, I don't know why, but that kind of sounds familiar?
Oh crap. Jill's subject J-11, from those journals you found under the circus!

>>/questarch/706648
>>/questarch/706900
>>/questarch/707065
>>/questarch/707286
>>/questarch/707287

>After sometime of looking at that Rainy persons DNA I found out that she's possibly related to subject J-11.
The crazy chimera cultists already did DNA testing, but I'm not sure you should trust their work.
>>
No. 821563 ID: 15a025
File 150239034222.png - (10.58KB , 800x600 , 167.png )
821563

>Oh crap. Jill's subject J-11, from those journals you found under the circus!
I feel like it could be a coincidence, but oh... I think it really is her! I...dang. Now I really want to help her out here.

>Yeah, let's go. I mean, it's not like we've got anything else to do, right? Might as well get some answers.
Rainy: "Sure, I'll go ask her if she wants to."

I head back in and tell her Oscar's willing to take us down to the lab for a DNA test.
Jill: "I..mmm..."

She starts mumbling a bit, I can't really make out what she's saying though.
Jill: "Would me just giving you some strands of my fur be alright? I'd come down with you but..."

Rainy: "Sure that'd probably be fine!"

Jill: "Alright, just give me a second here..."

I hear Jill digging around in a bag before she hands me something.
Rainy: "What's this?"

Jill: "It's my brush!"

Rainy: "Oh, okay. I'll run the results over to you as soon as we get them."

Jill: "Thank you again for help me out Rainy. I really appreciate it."

Rainy: "No problem!"

I head down to the lab with Oscar and he introduces me to one of the lab people.

Oscar: "Rainy I'd like you to meet one our head scientists here, Adam."

Adam: "Nice to meet'cha Rainy! I must say, your arm there is very intriguing. This a new project for us Oscar?"

[color=blue]Oscar: "No. Our guest here is not a 'project' Adam. We came down here to see if you could run some DNA tests."


Adam: "Sure! What am I doing it for? Find something we could use to track down a criminal, trying to find a lost 'hare' to the throne, what's up?"

I explain the situation to Adam
Adam: "Oh...yeah I guess I could do that."

I hand Adam Jill's brush, and then I have him pluck some fur off me.
Adam: "Alright, I'll stay up and analyze this in a bit. I'll have someone run the papers with the results to ya in the morning."

I hear Oscar let out a yawn as we leave the lab.

Oscar: "It's starting to get late Rainy. We've got a busy morning ahead of us tomorrow as well. Is there anything else you'd like to do before I retire for the night? I can fetch Ronda to escort you around if so. She's a bit more of a night owl. Or, I can escort you to your chambers if you'd like?"

Hmm... Is there anything else we should do tonight Spooky Spirits?
>>
No. 821587 ID: 3abd97

>Jill doesn't want to go to a lab
That's not surprising, considering what she's been through.

>Is there anything else we should do tonight Spooky Spirits?
Not that I can think of right now.

...maybe we can see if we can get copies of those journals back from the cops. Jill might be interested in those.
>>
No. 821766 ID: 15a025
File 150242292017.png - (12.68KB , 800x600 , 168.png )
821766

>...maybe we can see if we can get copies of those journals back from the cops. Jill might be interested in those.
I'm not sure if Jill would be all that thrilled to read through those. I'll call the station and...oh right, I don't have my phone now. I'll keep in mind next time I'm at the station, I'm Officer Nibbles is going to bring me down there sometime. Either for the company's investigation, my cell phone, or on that whole circus thing.

Anything else spooky spirits?
>Not that I can think of right now.

Rainy: "No, I think it's time for bed for me as well."

Oscar: "Alright, I'll bring you to your chambers then. You'll be sharing a bed with Candy again, is that alright?"

Rainy: "That's fine with me."
>>
No. 821767 ID: 15a025
File 150242295656.png - (6.85KB , 800x600 , 169.png )
821767

Oscar drops me off, and tells me that Buddy will be over in a bit to stand guard for us. I enter my room and Candy excitedly greets me!
Candy: "Hey, how'd the big talk go down there?"

Rainy: "It...eh. I'm kind of tired right now and don't feel like talking about it."

Candy: "Crawling into bed then?"

Rainy: "Yeah, I just need to get changed into my PJ's first."

Candy: "Alright, I'll be in bed myself. Goodnight bud!"

I drag out my pajamas and quickly change into them. Afterwards, I crawl into the warm cozy bed with Candy and snuggle up with her.

Rainy: "Goodnight Candy."
>>
No. 821768 ID: 15a025
File 150242301476.png - (7.42KB , 800x600 , 170.png )
821768

The next morning...
I hear an alarm clock buzzing next to me. I prop my back up against the wall with a pillow and fumble around trying to turn it off. As I move my hoof across the desk I find some sheets of paper on it. I feel them over, and no braille.

Candy: "Mm....Rainy, shut that alarm off already. Give me five more minutes here."

I manage to boop the snooze button on the alarm and get dressed for the day. After changing I wake Candy up and ask her to read the notes to me.

Candy: "Which one of these things you want me to read first? One's some science looking thing, the other's from that 'otter' guy."
>>
No. 821772 ID: 91ee5f

>>821768
>"Which one of these things you want me to read first? One's some science looking thing, the other's from that 'otter' guy."
Mess with her by saying, "Which 'other' guy? There's so many guys here, I don't know who you're talking about when you call him the 'other' guy!" Then, after giggling a little, tell her you're just kidding! XD

Ask her to read the science papers first, then read the note from Oscar.
>>
No. 821776 ID: 3abd97

>I'm not sure if Jill would be all that thrilled to read through those.
No, but it's stuff she deserves to know about herself.

>>821768
Read the test results first.
>>
No. 821895 ID: 15a025
File 150246773546.png - (4.69KB , 800x600 , 171.png )
821895

>Mess with her by saying, "Which 'other' guy?

Rainy: "Which 'other' guy are you talking about? There's a lot of people here Candy."
Candy: "You know, that otter guy who's always hanging around with ya."
I giggle a bit.
Rainy: "I'm just pulling your leg Candy, I know who you're talking about."
>Ask her to read the science papers first, then read the note from Oscar.

>Read the test results first.

Rainy: "Could you read that science paper first? It should be some lab results on a DNA test I had done last night."

Candy: "Ahem,
After pulling an all nighter in the lab and closely analyzing yours and Jill's DNA, we can confirm that the two of you are half sisters! Congrats~!"

H..half sisters?

Candy: "Oh wow, you and Jill are related? It's like she's a long lost relative! That's pretty cool."

Rainy: "Yeah, but being half-sisters means that..."

Candy: "Huh? Oh...yeah, that's kind of rough."

Rainy: "Alright, let's just move onto Oscar's letter now. I don't want to think about this too much right now."

Candy: "It says to be ready for today's big event at ten this morning. He'll be here to escort us around at nine in case there's anything we want to do before we head down."


Rainy: "What about breakfast?"

Candy: "Oh, he also left us a breakfast basket."

Me and Candy sit down and much on the muffins Oscar left us while we wait for him to roll by.
Oscar: "Good morning you two. I see you're up now?"

Rainy: "Yup. What's this big event going on this morning all about?"

Oscar: "Can't say, it's a surprise. Is there anything you'd like to do, or anywhere you'd like to go this morning before our main event starts?"
>>
No. 821897 ID: 91ee5f

>>821895
>half-sisters
But which parent is related to both of you? Do you both have the same mother or do you both have the same father?

>Is there anything you'd like to do, or anywhere you'd like to go this morning before our main event starts?
Bring that science paper and go see Jill! But don't tell her the results. Just hand her the paper and let her read it for herself.
>>
No. 821965 ID: 15a025
File 150248998334.png - (10.72KB , 800x600 , 172.png )
821965

>But which parent is related to both of you? Do you both have the same mother or do you both have the same father?

I'm not sure, Candy didn't say. Might be something I'll have to talk to my mother about next time I'm home.

>Bring that science paper and go see Jill!
Rainy: "I'd like to go see Jill and show her the DNA results real quick."

Oscar: "Sure, we've got time to do that. By the way, how'd you enjoy your breakfast basket?"

Candy: "A little carroty for me. I don't think I've ever seen someone bake carrot muffins before."

Rainy: "Same, but it was still good."

Oscar: "Yeah...sorry about that."


Oscar escorts us through the castle and back to Jill's room again.

Candy: "Dang, the hell happen here? There's a huge hole in the door!"

[color=blue]Oscar: "Some...serious business happened last night."


Candy: "I'll say!"

Even though Jill probably hears we're out here, possibly even seeing us as well. I still knock on the door, being careful not to repeat last night's accident.
Jill: "Come in!"

Rainy: "I've got the results from our DNA test night!

Jill: "Oh! How'd it go, what's it say!

> But don't tell her the results. Just hand her the paper and let her read it for herself.
I hand Jill the test results sheet.

Jill: "It says we're half sisters? ...What's a half sister?"

Oscar quickly explains it to Jill.

Jill: "Well, that kind of dampens the good news. It'd be nice if the report would say who are common parent was at least. Still, I've finally got a lead on learning more about my family! I can't thank you enough for helping me out here."

Jill comes in gives me hug and a pat on the back.
Jill: "Oscar, is there a telephone here at the castle? I need to make a phone call."

Oscar: "Yes, but you might want to wait on that if you can. There's a an event happening at the throne room in a little bit, and we'll be needing you down there with us."

Jill: "I can wait."

While we're here with Jill, I also start telling her about the journals we found at that circus. I just mention they have her name in them for now.
Jill: "That's kind creepy? I'm not sure if I want to be flipping through them honestly. I probably should take a look at them sometime though."

Oscar: "I hate to interrupt, but we should get heading on down to where today's event will be held, it's getting soon."

Rainy: "Alright, let's go then Oscar."
>>
No. 821966 ID: 15a025
File 150249001411.png - (5.88KB , 800x600 , 173.png )
821966

Oscar takes into the throne room. It's crowded and a little noisy in here, and a large curtain seems to be drawn in front of where the King usually sits? Just as we sit down, a loud trumpet fanfare blares through the room, and it goes silent.
>>
No. 821967 ID: 15a025
File 150249008459.png - (6.17KB , 800x600 , 174.png )
821967

The curtains open up and reveal the King!

King Gort: "Today, we are all gathered here to celebrate a most momentous victory for our kingdom. These past few months, we have been plagued by a merciless group of terrorists who tried to take over our kingdom and bring harm to our fellow citizens. This is the same group who has kidnapped my own daughter from me, your princess and future queen! Just last night, a group who gave it their all has returned with the princess and reported that the main terrorist base has been destroyed!"

The crowded room goes wild and cheers at the King's victory speech!

King Gort: "Before we go on to honor our team here, I would like to take a moment of silence to bless those who have fallen in these past months defending our kingdom and loyal citizens."

The room slowly quiets down, and sad group of trumpets play a slow tune for a moment before the king goes on.

King Gort: "First I would like to call our honorable mages up to the throne with me. Oscar, Buddy, Ronda, and Don..."

The four of them quickly arise to the throne by the king.

King Gort: "As a token of my appreciation for helping in these most dire of times. I bestow upon all of you these solid gold decorative medals featuring our kingdom's flag."

The room claps and cheers Oscar and co.!
>>
No. 821968 ID: 15a025
File 150249018147.png - (6.38KB , 800x600 , 175.png )
821968

King Gort: "Next, I would like to call up the three brave young ladies who got caught up in all of this and risked it all to save our princess! Miss Bailey Brasshoof, Miss Candy Cane, and Sister Jill Brasshoof!"

Candy: "Whoa, what! Come on let's get up there Rainy!"

Candy practically pulls me out of my seat and rushes me up to the throne with her as Jill trails on behind.
King Gort: "Miss Cane, I also am bestowing upon you our golden flag medal as well as this very rare enchanted lighter. You'll never need to buy another one again, and it too sports our kingdom's flag on it."

Candy: "No way! This is too awesome! I'm gonna feel so fancy now when I have a smoke break now."

King Gort: "Sister Brasshoof, our kingdom thanks you not just for your critical help in destroying the enemy's base, but also for donating your time to those in need across the whole kingdom. I would like to present to you this very powerful enchanted robe. It is made with the strongest light amplifying and most curse resistant enchantments we could give it. I also have an important letter for you to read later after today's event."

Jill: "I...I am speechless. Thank you very much your highness."

King Gort: "And Miss Brasshoof. You above all, have shown the most courage out of everyone here today. Despite your disability, you still braved this mission. You went above and beyond what anyone could have expected and not only rescued my daughter, but helped destroy the terrorist's base. I cannot thank you enough, and would like to welcome you as an honorary member of the royal family."

I feel the king put something on my head...
Candy: "Whoa, check you out with the fancy tiara!"

King Gort: "Now, I believe there is a ride waiting outside for you Lady Brasshoof. You may stay for the rest of our honors ceremony here if you'd like, or you may leave with your friends and see my last gift to you now."
>>
No. 822112 ID: 3abd97

>>821968
Princess punch-arm, they'll call you.

Probably polite to stay for the rest of the ceremony, unless that means being separated from your friends.
>>
No. 822116 ID: 91ee5f

>>822112
>unless that means being separated from your friends.
I agree.

If the rest of the ceremony means being separated from your friends, then skip the ceremony and go with your friends!
>>
No. 822207 ID: 15a025
File 150255749195.png - (6.08KB , 800x600 , 176.png )
822207

>Probably polite to stay for the rest of the ceremony, unless that means being separated from your friends.
Rainy: "If I stay, are my friends allowed to stay?"

King Gort: "If they wish to, yes."

Rainy: "We'll stay for now then."

The king has us return to our seats then, and goes on naming those who won awards. One name announced kind of surprises me.

King Gort: "Although she is not her with us right now, I would like to honor the very charitable Dr. Karen Gene for volunteering to help tend to the wounded after the castle's medical wing got attacked."

Later on in the ceremony, Sir Kagio gets called up and is knighted by the king to join the holy knights!
Shortly after that, Oscar is called up again!

King Gort: "Oscar, I think it's time you've earned a certain promotion you've been waiting a long time for. From this day on, we trust you as our master chief of the royal army!"

Oscar: "I will not let you down your highness, you can count on me to make sure our kingdom will be safe!"

Everyone in the room claps and cheers for Oscar!
After that, I don't really recognize anyone else called up to the stand.
Once the awards ceremony finishes up and people start flooding out of the room, Oscar comes up to us.

Oscar: "That was very polite of you to stay for the rest of the ceremony you three."

Rainy: "Congrats on your promotion Oscar!"

Oscar: "Ah! That's Chief Scallop to you now, Lady Brasshoof."

Rainy: "Whatever you say Chief Scallop!"

Oscar: "You three should probably get going! Your ride is waiting for you!"

Rainy: "Oh right. Good-bye Os-Chief Scallop!"

I pick him up, and give him a good-bye hug.

Oscar: "Till we meet again!"
>>
No. 822208 ID: 15a025
File 150255754027.png - (7.79KB , 800x600 , 177.png )
822208

We exit the castle and get to hop in a limo! Inside, the seats are very comfy and plush. There's even a mini cooler with drinks in it!
Candy: "Ah yeah! Free dri-"

Driver: "The drinks in cooler aren't free."

Candy: "Boo!"

Rainy: "Say, you sound familiar mister limo driver."

Driver: "And you kind of look kind of familiar as well. Hey wait, I remember you! You're that blind girl that gave me a huge tip a few months back!"

Wow, small world.
Rainy: "So... you drive limos now?"

Driver: "Yeah, saved that tip you gave me and put it towards getting myself a better job!"
>>
No. 822209 ID: 15a025
File 150255760268.png - (3.34KB , 800x600 , 178.png )
822209

Our limo ride drags on for about five hours. When we arrive at our destination, it's surprisingly hot outside! So hot out, that I end up having to take off my jacket, and my sweater.

Candy: "If I knew we were coming all the way out here, I would have shaved off some wool first!"

Driver: "So, which one of you is 'Lady Brasshoof'?"

Rainy: "That would be me!"

Driver: "I have been instructed to hand you this envelope when we arrived."
He hands me a letter.

Driver: "Huh, couple of minutes to spare too. Alright, I'm heading back into town now for my next appointment. Later."

I hear the limo drive off, leaving us here, where ever it is.
Candy: "Did we just get dumped in the middle of nowhere or something?"

Jill: "I wouldn't say this is 'out in the middle of nowhere'. It's kind of a nice plot land if you ask me. I'd say someone lives out here actually."

Candy: "What makes you say that?"

Jill: "Well, the grass is short and seems finely trimmed. I can see a small garden off in the distance, and there's a fancy looking house at the end of this dirt path."

Candy: "How'd I miss that? Anyway, we still don't know what's going on here. Rainy what are we going do!"

I feel like I'm being a little more paranoid than I should be right now. This still seems a litter weird though. What do you think spooky spirits?
>>
No. 822213 ID: 3abd97

>I feel like I'm being a little more paranoid than I should be right now. This still seems a litter weird though. What do you think spooky spirits?
Yup, it's a little weird. And there's been enough people out to get you in recent history that a little paranoia is justified.

Well, first things first, try the letter. If it's not in braille, ask Candy to read it for you.
>>
No. 822220 ID: 91ee5f

>>822213
> If it's not in braille, ask Candy to read it for you.
Or Jill.

But, yeah, the letter looks important.
>>
No. 822229 ID: 15a025
File 150257120536.png - (3.92KB , 800x600 , 179.png )
822229

>yeah, the letter looks important.
>Well, first things first, try the letter. If it's not in braille, ask Candy or Jill to read it for you.
I open up the letter and find it's not in braille. I'm wondering if no one actually owns something to write out braille messages with? There's also what feels like a key ring with some keys on it. I hand Candy the letter and ask her to read it.

Candy: "Whoa, you're not going to believe this."

Rainy: "What?"

Candy: "This whole plot of land we're out on..."

Rainy: "Yes, what about?"

Candy: "It's all yours and your mother's now!"

Rainy: "No way!"

Candy: "There's more too,"

Rainy: "I can't imagine there being anything more than getting a house out where's it is warm out for a change."

Candy continues on, now sounding like she's an announcer on a gameshow or something
Candy: "It says you also have a new car in the driveway, as well as a key to your own room at the castle."

Rainy: "Wow, it feels like I just won a grand prize from a contest or something!"

Jill: "Can we head inside then please? I'm starting to get little too warm out here."

Rainy: "Oh! I'm sorry Jill. Yeah, let's head inside."

We walk down the dirt path and come up to the house. I go to put the key into the lock, and find the door is already open? We walk in and a warm voice surprises me!
>>
No. 822231 ID: 15a025
File 150257127533.png - (14.89KB , 800x600 , 180.png )
822231

???: "Oh Bailey, your home just in time! Dinner's almost ready! Come in and have a seat."

Rainy: "Mom?"

Candy: "No way, was that your mom?"


I walk to where the voice came from and can smell someone cooking something.
Mom: "I wish they would have told me you had friends coming over too, I would have cooked something extra. Now-"

I hear my mother let out a shriek!
Mom: "Bailey! Bailey what happened to your arm!"

Rainy: "Forgot about that for now Mom, how...how are you up and out of bed!"
I hear a thud.

Rainy: "Mom?"
>>
No. 822235 ID: 3abd97

Do you know which side of the family "Brasshoof" comes from? Did your mom take your dad's name, or vice versa?

>I wish they would have told me you had friends coming over too, I would have cooked something extra.
I didn't even know I was coming, mom!

>Mom: "Bailey! Bailey what happened to your arm!"
...probably should have written home about that. Does she know about your eyes, either?

>I hear a thud.
...um, guys, did my Mom just faint?
>>
No. 822243 ID: 91ee5f

Uh oh! Mom down, mom down! Someone help her up!

>>822235
>...probably should have written home about that.
Kinda hard to write home when Rainy is blind.

>Does she know about your eyes, either?
I don't think she does.
>>
No. 822249 ID: 094652

This does not inspire confidence about Miss Brasshoof's mental fortitude. You may want to give her breakfast in bed before telling her about Jill.
>>
No. 822261 ID: 15a025
File 150257949315.png - (6.07KB , 800x600 , 181.png )
822261

>Do you know which side of the family "Brasshoof" comes from? Did your mom take your dad's name, or vice versa?
It comes from my Dad's side of the family.

>...probably should have written home about that. Does she know about your eyes, either?
No, she doesn't know about my eye's either. I'm not sure how she would have handled a letter like that. I guess I better start thinking of a way to explain that one with my arm as well.

>This does not inspire confidence about Miss Brasshoof's mental fortitude. You may want to give her breakfast in bed before telling her about Jill.
I'll have to keep that in mind for tomorrow!

>Uh oh! Mom down, mom down! Someone help her up!
Rainy: "Did she just faint?"

Candy: "Yeah. Here I'll lift her up and...shoot where am I going to lay her down!"

Rainy: "Uh!? I don't know where anything is here? Just try and prop her up on the chair?"

I hear something hissing behind me.
Jill: "Water is boiling over!"

Rainy: "Jill can you take care of that?"

Jill: "Already on it."

Jill manages to finish making my mom's dinner, and gets the table set for us. Smells like she made pasta noodles! Finally, something that isn't carrots.

Just as we start eating, I hear my mother waking up.
Mom: "Mmm...what happened there?"

Rainy: "You fainted."

Mom: "I guess I'm still feeling tired after- Bailey! Your arm!"

Rainy: "Yes I know my arm is...different! Please try and settle down Mom!"

Mom: "How am I not supposed to worry! Bailey what did you do, what happened!"

I...oh man, how am I even going to explain this to her! I can't just tell her "Yeah, I got attacked by someone at college and lost my arm a few months ago, no biggie."
>>
No. 822263 ID: 3abd97

>I...oh man, how am I even going to explain this to her!
I think you kinda have to be honest. It's hard news, but there's really no way to sugarcoat it.

You... got hurt. You lost your arm. Your job was nice enough to provide a replacement. It's pretty great, really.
>>
No. 822270 ID: 91ee5f

>>822263
>Tell her.
I agree.

Also, don't forget to mention that you were blinded first, before your arm needed to be replaced.

>It's pretty great, really.
Other than the fact that her job is currently being investigated for illegal stuff. But mom doesn't need to know about that part, so let's just not mention it.
>>
No. 822272 ID: 91ee5f

>>822270
And tell her about how your necklace helps you "see", but don't mention us voices.

And make sure you introduce Candy and Jill.....and show her that science paper show Jill is your older half-sister.....and explain why you're wearing a tiara.

Jeez, at this rate, she's going to end up fainting again!
>>
No. 822402 ID: 15a025
File 150265518427.png - (8.90KB , 800x600 , 182.png )
822402

>I think you kinda have to be honest. It's hard news, but there's really no way to sugarcoat it.
>You... got hurt. You lost your arm. Your job was nice enough to provide a replacement. It's pretty great, really.

Rainy: "I...well I got hurt and ended up losing my arm. Work was nice enough to replace it for free. Even nice enough to help out with rehabilitation."

Mom: "That's...oh I don't even know what to say. I...well I'm glad you're doing okay at least."

>Also, don't forget to mention that you were blinded first, before your arm needed to be replaced.
>And tell her about how your necklace helps you "see", but don't mention us voices.

I think I'm going to take explain things slowly for now. I'm surprised she's even up and moving around right now! I don't want to end up stressing her out too much and find her bedridden again. I should at least let her enjoy a peaceful dinner if anything.

> And make sure you introduce Candy and Jill

My mom already knows Candy, Jill on the other hand,
Mom: "Bailey, I see you've got a new friend over here. Aren't you going to introduce her to me?"

Bailey: "Yup. Mom, this is Jill. Jill, this is my Mom."

Jill: "It is a pleasure to meet you Miss..."

Mom: "Miss Brasshoof. It's a pleasure to meet you Jill."

Candy: "So...can we eat now?"

Mom: "Oh, I'm sorry! Here I'll go- Bailey, did you finish making dinner?"

Jill: "Actually, I helped with dinner while Ra-Baily and Candy tended to you."

Mom: "How thoughtful! We'll, let's eat then!"

We sit and have a nice dinner, and Mom explains that while I was overseas working an unexpected visitor came to her.
Mom: "They were the prettiest thing I've ever seen...besides you of course Bailey."

Bailey: "Who was it? What did they look like"

Mom: "I never caught their name, but she said the king himself sent her over on a favor she owed him. She was a tall majestic horse with sparkling hair. She had an odd enchanted hat though. It kind of looked like a horn the way she had it on. She used some kind of healing magic on me and after a few days, I could walk out of bed for the first time in...how long?"

Rainy: "Too long. I'm glad you're finally starting to feel better Mom!"

Jill: "Hmm..."

Rainy: "Something up Jill?"

Jill: "Huh? No, I'm just thinking. Sorry."
>>
No. 822403 ID: 15a025
File 150265528658.png - (7.26KB , 800x600 , 183.png )
822403

>show her that science paper show Jill is your older half-sister.
After we clean up from dinner, my mother takes us into the living room and we all have a seat on the couch.
Rainy: "Mom, there's something I wanted to ask you, er...well show you?"

Mom: "What is it Bailey?"

Rainy: "Candy, can you hand her that paper from the lab please?"

Candy: "Yeah sure."

Mom: "Oh, that doesn't sound good..."

I hear Candy get up to hand mom the test papers
Mom: "Oh my!"

Rainy: "I'm sorry to ask mom, but the papers don't say which half of the family Jill's from. Could you please-"

Mom: "I...I think I need to lie down for a bit."

Jill: "Please Miss Brasshoof, am I your daughter?"

I hear my mother let out a heavy sigh.

Mom: "Jill comes from your father's side of the family Bailey."

Jill: "So..you're not my mother then?"

Mom: "Oh Jill! Get over here and give your mother a hug before she starts tearing up!"

Jill: "Huh? But you just said-"

Mom: "I might not be your 'biological' mom, but that doesn't mean I can't be your mom if you want me to."

Jill: "Miss Brasshoof, or...Mom. That means a lot to me. Thank you so much! If you don't mind, could I ask you questions I've been waiting to ask?"

Mom: "Sure! But in return, you gotta let me ask you some questions too!"

Jill: "It's a deal!"

I feel Candy scoot in closer on the couch to me.

Candy: "Hey Rainy, I'm uh...feeling a little awkward being in the middle of all this family stuff. Mind if I go out for a quick smoke break...maybe tag along with me?"
>>
No. 822479 ID: 91ee5f

>>822403
>Tag along with Candy?
Yeah, it looks like Jill and your mom are going to be at it for a while, so let's give them some time together and go with Candy.

Ask Candy to guide you a little since you still don't exactly know the layout of your new home.

Aw, shit, I just realized something. Doesn't Candy have a home she hasn't been to ever since she was kidnapped? Should she give her parents a call or something?
>>
No. 822490 ID: 3abd97

If Jill and your mom are getting into it, I guess you could step out for a little bit. Don't want to spurn your new sister.
>>
No. 822651 ID: 15a025
File 150272970097.png - (6.82KB , 800x600 , 184.png )
822651

>Aw, shit, I just realized something. Doesn't Candy have a home she hasn't been to ever since she was kidnapped? Should she give her parents a call or something?
I don't know it Candy would want to call her parents right now after what happened on the boat ride back to the castle.

>If Jill and your mom are getting into it, I guess you could step out for a little bit. Don't want to spurn your new sister.
>Yeah, it looks like Jill and your mom are going to be at it for a while, so let's give them some time together and go with Candy.

Rainy: "Sure, it sounds like Jill and my mom could use some time to catch up."
I get up off the couch with Candy

Mom: "Huh? Something wrong Bailey?"

Bailey: "No, Me and Candy are just heading outside to enjoy the nice weather."

Mom: "Okay! Make sure you come back inside if it gets too hot out though!"

>Ask Candy to guide you a little since you still don't exactly know the layout of your new home.
I have Candy discreetly help me get around to the door and head out outside.

Candy: "Haha yeah. Let's test out this fancy new light...or not. Guess I'm all out of smokes."

Rainy: "Oh darn. Now what?"

Candy: "Hmmm... you know, it's actually pretty nice out here. When's the last time we ever got to camp outside?"

Rainy: "I think the only time we ever got to go camping was at your dad's camp."

Candy: "Man, that feels like ages ago."

Rainy: "Candy, that was just last year."

Candy: "Was it? Anyway, we should totally camp outside tonight!"

Rainy: "Isn't it a little hot outside for that?"

Candy: "It'll cool down once it starts getting dark out. We could make s'mores and have a little fire going. Come on, it'll be fun!"
>>
No. 822698 ID: 3abd97

I don't even know if we have stuff to make smores. I literally just moved in!

Humor Candy. It could be fun, and you deserve to just relax.
>>
No. 822710 ID: 91ee5f

>>822651
>Camping?
As long as we can do it in your new backyard! It's so big, there should be plenty of room to do that!

>>822698
>It could be fun, and you deserve to just relax.
True.
>>
No. 822825 ID: 15a025
File 150276768671.png - (11.65KB , 800x600 , 185.png )
822825

>Humor Candy. It could be fun, and you deserve to just relax.
Rainy: "Ah sure why not? I think we deserve a nice relaxing night for a change."

>I don't even know if we have stuff to make smores. I literally just moved in!
Rainy: "We might not have stuff to make smores though. Kind of just moved in here."

Candy: "We'll make do somehow. Let's look for a good spot to chill out at."

Rainy: "If we're going to sleep outside, we should grab some sleeping bags or blankets first."

Candy: "Yeah probably a good idea."

We head and inside for a second and ask my mother for our camping supplies.

Mom: "Oh that sounds like fun! I think we've got some of our stuff from the move. Let me take a look-see."

I can hear my mom opening and going through moving boxes in one of the other rooms. She comes back in a bit with my old sleeping bag and a spare for Candy.

Mom: "And here's a little bag with some snacks too. Be careful making those smores now, I'd hate to see either of you get burnt!"
>>
No. 822826 ID: 15a025
File 150276774241.png - (7.41KB , 800x600 , 186.png )
822826

Candy: "Alright, let's get this camping trip started!"

Unsurprisingly, Candy lifts me up on her back and takes off. Eventually, she finds a nice spot that feels a little nicer out.


Candy: "I think this spot will do. We got the trees to shade us and a clear view of the sky."

She sets me down, and I hear her start rolling out the sleeping bags.

Candy: "Alright, now we need to think of how we're going to safely get a nice little fire going..."
>>
No. 823008 ID: 3abd97

>Alright, now we need to think of how we're going to safely get a nice little fire going...
You could cheat with your rock-spike spell to make a circle of stones to put the fire in.

The two of your will still have to gather wood by hand though.

And Candy has her spiffy new lighter to start it with!
>>
No. 823018 ID: 91ee5f

>>823008
>You could cheat with your rock-spike spell to make a circle of stones to put the fire in.
Sounds good. Rainy needs to practice using that spell anyways, otherwise she'll never improve with her magic!
>>
No. 823403 ID: 15a025
File 150293758911.png - (7.53KB , 800x600 , 187.png )
823403

>You could cheat with your rock-spike spell to make a circle of stones to put the fire in.
Oh, like making a little fire pit? I can try that! I go through the motions and cast the spike spell a couple of times to get a small circle going.

Candy: "Nice thinking!"

>The two of your will still have to gather wood by hand though.
Rainy: "We're probably going to have to gather the wood by hand Candy."

Candy: "Can you see all the sticks on your radar thing?"

Rainy: "Oh, that's what those are?"

Candy: "Time to play pickup sticks then."

We run around, back and forth, grabbing sticks and throwing them into our make shift fire pit for the night. By the time pit is full, Candy says it's dark enough to start our fire.

>And Candy has her spiffy new lighter to start it with!
Rainy: "Alright Candy, sounds like a great time to bust in that spiffy new lighter!"

Candy: "Yeah, if only I could just-"

I hear the lighter click and the crackling of our sticks burning.
Candy: "Alright, here's a stick to put your marshmallow on. Mind passing me the marshmallow bag?"

Rainy: "Sure, here you go."

I thrust the stick through the marshmallow and lean it by the fire pit.
Rainy: "Oh shoot, I can't see if it's done or not!"

Candy: "I'll tell ya when then."

...

Candy: "Okay now!"

I pull the stick away from the fire and start to make my smore.
Candy: "Wanna toss me the box?"

Rainy: "Here, catch!"

I hear the box the hit ground and fumble a bit.

Candy: "Dang, that was actually pretty close. Oh well, let's eat!"

I crunch into my smore and it turned out pretty good! We make s'more smores till we're all out of crackers and chocolate. Then we end up eating all the marshmallows!
>>
No. 823404 ID: 15a025
File 150293769971.png - (6.09KB , 800x600 , 188.png )
823404

Candy: "It feels good to be back home after this hell week. I can't believe we got caught up in all of this."

Rainy: "Yeah, to think this just started with us meeting up at the circus."

Candy: "Not to mention you going around punching people and walls down. Now there's something I thought I'd never see."

I giggle a bit, and Candy joins in.

Rainy: "It was hard, but I had to do what I could to help keep everyone safe."

Candy: "Yeah..."

Candy: "Kind of funny seeing you take charge like that when you used to be so shy."

We sit and listen to the sticks crackle away in the fire for a bit.

Candy: "So now that we're home, what do you want to do?"

Rainy: "I'd like to just hang out with you while you're here Candy. Maybe if we're lucky, we can dig out some of those old radio dramas we used to listen to."

Candy: "Yeah, it's been awhile since I listened to one of those! Oh shoot, speaking of hangin. Mind if I crash here for a bit? Just till I have head back to my parent's place?"

Rainy: "Sure, as long as my mom's okay with it."

I hear Candy scooch a little bit closer to me and feel her grab and hold onto my hoof.
Candy: "Thanks bud."

I hear Candy let out a little yawn.
Rainy: "Getting tired?"

Candy: "Yeah, kind of. Think this crazy week is finally starting to catch up to me. Goodnight Rainy!"

Rainy: "Goodnight Candy!"

Rainy: "Goodnight and thank you spooky spirits. I couldn't have made it without you!"


~The End.

Stay Tuned for the epilogue!
>>
No. 823408 ID: 91ee5f

>>823404
What? You guys aren't gonna make out?

.....nah, just kidding! Goodnight Rainy!
>>
No. 823616 ID: 3abd97

>>823404
Congrats, Rainy. Good work.
>>
No. 824448 ID: 15a025
File 150345932668.png - (4.11KB , 800x600 , The end.png )
824448

A few days after our camping trip, Officer Nibbles came and brought me into the station with a heap of news.
First, she told me I didn't need to worry about my modified cell phone, as when they opened it up to check for the chip, it had the company's logo written on it. They ended up using my confiscated phone in their investigation as evidence to get a bigger search warrant to go through the company's warehouses to find hundreds of illegal weapons and cell phone chips. The company ended up getting shut down, with the chief and several other of the higher ups getting arrested.

Then Officer Nibbles told me that the serious business arm is considered an illegal concealable weapon. After getting some help from the king though, I got a special weapons permit that let me keep it and the other more lifelike model.

Candy took off about a week after our night out. I didn't really hear much from her until after new year's. She hasn't talked to me about how the whole Christmas thing went other than it was awful. She's starting up college again and hasn't really had any time to talk. We keep in touch with letters to each other for now. She's hoping to come visit once summer break starts.

Jill and mom ended up getting along really well! She really wanted to stay out here and help around the house and learn more about the family. She had to head back to her church for another job and to continue practicing magic though. She manages to come by for a visit anytime the chance comes up.

I also got a letter in the mail from Oscar a few months later. He wrote, saying him and Buddy were traveling back with Ashley to the village and start negotiations on returning her people's artifacts. He also said in the letter that Don got sent out on some secret mission, but hasn't been seen or heard from since.

As for myself, I've been trying to get used to being back home with my blindness. Mom started to notice I was getting around the house kind of funny and asked what was up? I had to come out and tell her I went blind a few months ago, but fibbed a bit and said it was from a work accident. She didn't take it too well and ended up fainting. She had a hard time accepting it, and hauled me around to a few different vision centers to have an eye test. All the tests had the same results. No one can figure out why I can't see?

I started job hunting as well, but it's been a bust so far. A lot of places think my disability would be too big of a liability to hire me. In the downtime between job hunting I've been working on getting better with reading braille and refining my magic with Ronda. She recently gave my necklace a healing enchantment too, so now I can use healing magic! Since finding a job has been kind of a bust. Ronda suggested signing up for one of Oscar's classes on enchantments. I'm thinking about it still, but it could be a fun time! Especially if Oscar is teaching it.

And that's pretty much how things have been going lately. Stuff is finally calming down and I'm getting back into the swing of things. Thanks again for all your help spooky guide spirits, I couldn't have done any of this stuff without all your help!
>>
No. 824452 ID: 3abd97

>putting your own logo on illegal tech
Your boss deserved to get arrested for that. If you're gonna do stuff illegally, you make it deniable!
>>
No. 824456 ID: 91ee5f

>>824448
> Especially if Oscar is teaching it.
Awww, our little Rainy has a crush on Oscar! That's so cute! X3

>Thanks again for all your help spooky guide spirits, I couldn't have done any of this stuff without all your help!
You're very welcome!
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password