[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 805298)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 149626551891.png - (220.06KB , 1212x826 , D3BallRun.png )
805298 No. 805298 ID: 8a947d

You wired me awake
And hit me with a hand of broken nails
You tied my lead and pulled my chain
To watch my blood begin t' boil
But I'm gonna break, I'm gonna break my
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run


https://tgchan.org/wiki/D3Quest
Expand all images
>>
No. 805299 ID: 8a947d
File 149626590830.png - (176.13KB , 1212x826 , What to do .png )
805299

>>805298
You stand outside The Desert Cat Inn in the early morning thinking of your next move, Issei stands besides you chewing strawberries. You've got three things you could do today:

1.) Continue shopping for supplies before you go out (You have 235G to spend)

2.) Steal Medi's books back from the Regent Guard Station.

3.) Leave town immediately
>>
No. 805301 ID: cd2dbc

>2.) Steal Medi's books back from the Regent Guard Station.
>>
No. 805302 ID: 3abd97

>>805299
Let's steal some books!
>>
No. 805303 ID: 91ee5f

Let's steal some books.

And let's be honest, those church guys only stole the books because they didn't have anything about their religion written in them! But most importantly, they also took the porn from the library's very popular porn section! Bunch of assholes is what those church guys are!
>>
No. 805306 ID: 90f3c0

Steal back those books.
>>
No. 805312 ID: 8a947d
File 149627061232.png - (394.91KB , 1212x826 , Gudon Guard Outpost.png )
805312

Waking up with a hike and a heist sounds like a good idea. You make your way towards the Gudon Guard Outpost.

You find a spot from atop a nearby cliff edge to look down onto the outpost. Sadly, you have no tool or equipment that would allow you to get a better view of the area.

Issei: seems like security's pretty tight. do you think we have the fire power to go in directly, or should we try to be a bit sneakier ?
>>
No. 805328 ID: 91ee5f

>>805312
Quick! Put on the dress and distract the guards with your feminine curves!

Oh, wait, you already ditched the dress. Never mind.

Well, I say you should try to sneak in.
>>
No. 805329 ID: 3abd97

>>805312
Support sneaking.
>>
No. 805331 ID: 98f8b1

WIT and CHARM are our highest stats, so don your dress and let the games begin!
>>
No. 805332 ID: 3bf9ed

Looks like you should sneakily sneak.
>>
No. 805335 ID: 8a947d
File 149627713084.png - (163.09KB , 1212x826 , Dress Up Time.png )
805335

>>805328
You never got rid of it! You kept it in case you ever needed the disguise again, and it looks like you were right to do so. With you cunning WIT you hatch a plan to sneak in.

>>805331
You tell Issei what you're thinking, he looks skeptical but goes along with it anyway. Issei moves to his hiding spot and waits for his signal.
>>
No. 805341 ID: 8a947d
File 149627827453.png - (148.94KB , 1212x826 , Sneaking In 1.png )
805341

>>805335
You wait for a couple of guards to patrol around the gate. Two make their rounds, an older man and a short-haired woman with a large crossbow. You approach them trying to sound as desperate as possible.

You: Guards! Guards! Please I am in need of assistance.

Guardsman: Whoa there ma'am whats gotten you in such a state ?

Guards-woman: Stay calm and tell us whats wrong.

You: There is a beast most foul pursuing through the desert! It has waited from afar but now I fear it is drawing closer as I continue.

You: There! over there I can see it rearing its ugly maw!

That's Issei's signal...
>>
No. 805345 ID: 8a947d
File 149627938627.png - (175.25KB , 1212x826 , Sneaking In 2.png )
805345

>>805341
Issei's hidden behind a rock and deformed his head enough to not be recognizable. Peeking out from the rock waving his tentacles to look like some sort of monster, well a different sort of monster than he already is.

Guardsman: Dear gods the hell is that thing ?

Guards-woman: Looks like some sort of wild demon, there's only one though.

Guardsman: I'll go take care of it. Take the woman inside make sure she's comfortable.

Guards-woman: Yes sir, follow me girl.

Issei should be leading the guard back somewhere far enough to eat him without causing too much trouble. Hopefully you'll be able to get the books fast enough without anybody noticing that guy's missing.
Martha opens the gate with a key and leads you into the outpost.
>>
No. 805355 ID: 3ce125

>>805345
>to eat him
Don't count on this. The guard might not be rotten!
>>
No. 805357 ID: 91ee5f

>>805345
Remember, we're talking about a library worth of books. You ain't sneaking out of here with that many! Maybe you can find a cart or a wagon or something.
>>
No. 805362 ID: 8a947d
File 149628546436.png - (130.79KB , 1212x826 , Sneaking In 3.png )
805362

>>805355
You're assuming the guard is going to be gone for a while just in case otherwise more guards will be sent after Issei if you aren't fast enough and they might call in Priests.

>>805357
Another issue you'll deal with soon, there's gotta be a cart or something in the courtyard of this place.

The guards-woman leads you into a small holding room.

Guards-woman: I've got to fill out some paperwork, sit tight and I'll be back.

She leaves the rooming leaving you alone.
>>
No. 805365 ID: fa8f9d

" Do you like me? Yes or No."
>>
No. 805368 ID: 91ee5f

>>805362
So, what's in the room?
>>
No. 805379 ID: 094652

Get out and ask for the little girls' room. More space to cover is an asset, dignity be damned.
>>
No. 805444 ID: 8a947d
File 149634273604.png - (106.94KB , 1212x826 , Sneaking In 4.png )
805444

>>805368
A waste-bin with a few assorted wrappers in side of it. but a Dead Cockroach behind it which you take.

>>805379
You slip out of the room quickly to ask the guards-woman where the restrooms are; She tells you they're down the hall to the right and past the break-room, but she warns you not to go into any area you aren't authorized in.
Now that she's left and you have an excuse to leave your room, you gotta find where those books are being kept.
>>
No. 805450 ID: cd2dbc

Is that a map of the building on the wall?
>>
No. 805456 ID: 3ce125

>>805444
First check out the map, see if contraband storage is listed on it. If not, I guess we'll have to guess at where it is.
>>
No. 805544 ID: 95aee2

There's an important question: How are we getting the books out if we get to them? Books are heavy, unless we've got some kind of magic to deal with that problem, or we can steal borrow some.

For now, we need to keep on the lookout for unattended equipment and clues to what these people are worried enough about to panic and overreact to.
>>
No. 805551 ID: 8a947d
File 149637804152.png - (94.99KB , 1212x826 , Outpost Map 1.png )
805551

>>805450
>>805456
there is a building directory on the wall.
1-Entrance Area/Breakroom/Holding Cells
2-Maximum Holding Cells/ Interrogation
3-Offices/Storage
4-Barracks
5-Radio Station

Right now you're on the 1st floor. It wouldn't be a stretch to assume the books are in storage.

>>805544
You plan on summoning a creature large enough to carry them for you, but first you need to find where they are for all you know they're not in the storage area for some reason.

Right now you can continue up in your dress and sweet talking your way through guards, or you can change back into your 4 of Hearts outfit to sneak around and hide from guards. How will you continue ?
>>
No. 805553 ID: 91ee5f

>>805551
You might as well keep going to the bathroom. I mean, it'd be better to empty your bladder now, instead of having to go later and not having access to a bathroom.

And let's be honest, women's bathrooms are much cleaner than the men's bathrooms!

Look for air vents in the bathroom that you can crawl into, so that you can leave the bathroom without having to go back through the hallways. Air vents are the best friends of anyone that wants to sneak around!
>>
No. 805556 ID: 3ce125

>>805551
Put on your sneaking outfit and let's head to offices/storage.
>>
No. 805560 ID: 95aee2

Can we stage a jailbreak here? I realize that this is a bit like using hand grenades to crack walnuts, but if we can get the cops chasing escaped people that would be a great distraction for anything else we might want to do.
On the other hand, if there's folks that genuinely belong here for the common good, busting them out would put blood on our hands.
>>
No. 805569 ID: 8a947d
File 149639165224.png - (76.80KB , 1212x826 , Bathroom Escape.png )
805569

>>805553
>>805556
Regardless of your dress you are still a MAN, and as such you quickly enter the MEN'S restroom and switch to your proper attire.

>>805560
You'll see if there are any criminals in the maximum holding cells and assess if freeing them is necessary or not. Even if you do free them the odds of them escaping successfully is slim.
>>
No. 805570 ID: 8a947d
File 149639169366.png - (85.92KB , 1212x826 , Bathroom Escape 2.png )
805570

>>805553
You scurry up a nearby vent that leads upwards
>>
No. 805577 ID: 91ee5f

>>805569
You're supposed to enter the WOMEN'S restroom because you were disguised as a WOMAN! It looks suspicious when a woman goes into the men's restroom! You better hope no one saw you come in here because they'll follow you in to try and correct you on being in the wrong restroom!

>>805570
And now it's even worse! You forgot to put the vent cover back on the vent! If someone did see you and is coming in to tell the woman they saw they're in the wrong restroom, they'll see the open vent and know that the woman they saw come in here is now in the vents!
>>
No. 805598 ID: 8a947d
File 149643159293.png - (110.15KB , 1212x826 , VENTING frustrations.png )
805598

>>805577
You made sure no one was around to see you, you're not some amateur at sneaking into places.
Pagans have been known to participate in wild, crazed, and debauched ceremonies but you at the very least have the decency to enter the correct restroom. you may have been dressed as a woman but to enter the woman's restroom would be unacceptable as you are a man.

You us your deft AGILITY and maneuver up the vents following the sound of screaming until you find another to exit out of. You peek into the room outside: There's a guard drinking in front of you and in front of him is a closed room where the screams are coming from. Either you're in Interrogations or the things they do in the Barracks are extremely fucked up.
>>
No. 805607 ID: 3ce125

Sneak up and pistol-whip the guard to knock him out.
>>
No. 805617 ID: 91ee5f

>>805598
Is it screams of pain or screams of pleasure?

If pain, then it's coming from interrogation. If pleasure, then it's coming from the barracks and is most likely off duty guards having sex.

>>805607
But where do we hide the body?
>>
No. 805623 ID: 8a947d
File 149644294138.png - (176.93KB , 1212x826 , Pistol Whip 1.png )
805623

>>805607
You sneak up behind the guard and bash him across the back of the head with your pistol !
>>
No. 805624 ID: 8a947d
File 149644299523.png - (142.23KB , 1212x826 , Pistol Whip Failure.png )
805624

>>805623
Then you realize you lack the required STRENGTH to successfully out someone in one hit.
>>
No. 805626 ID: 3ce125

>>805624
Dangit! Hit him again then.
>>
No. 805627 ID: 4c47f2

Well then, repeat that until they are unconscious.
>>
No. 805629 ID: 91ee5f

>>805624
Does that number mean we need at least 3 STRENGTH to knock someone out in 1 sneak attack?

He still hasn't seen you! Quickly, hit him again!
>>
No. 805632 ID: 8a947d
File 149644607461.png - (289.98KB , 1058x780 , Pistol Whip 2.png )
805632

>>805626
>>805627
>>805629
You continue your attack until the guardsman is knocked out completely, luckily the prisoners screams of pain from the next room over drowned out the sound of you violently bashing this mans skull in.
>>
No. 805633 ID: 3ce125

>>805632
Nonlethal takedown successful...?

Okay let's... actually let's peek into the interrogation room.
>>
No. 805634 ID: 8a947d
File 149644725508.png - (28.56KB , 1212x826 , Book Heist 1.png )
805634

>>805632
You go through the guards pockets and find 60G, theres also a Tooth you knocked out of the guard's mouth on the floor.

You hide the unconscious guard underneath the table next to the vent you exited. There's no directory in this hall so all you have to go off of is instinct: you can go left right or into the room where the screams are coming from.
>>
No. 805635 ID: c31aac

>>805634
There's a window! Peek in first!
>>
No. 805640 ID: 8a947d
File 149645037412.png - (24.15KB , 1212x826 , Book Heist Torture Room.png )
805640

>>805633
>>805635
You peek into the interrogation room. A man in a large helmet looms over a scrawny guy chained to the wall.

Torturer: So then I said "Beaver ? I hardly know her!" Bweheheh!

Victim: Oh god please...

Torturer: What, that was a good one! aw screw you I'm gonna write that one down for later.

Victim: W-Wait what are you- NO DON'T. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

You stop peeking.
>>
No. 805646 ID: 91ee5f

>>805640
Well, that's obviously not where they're keeping the books!

Let's go to the left.
>>
No. 805647 ID: fa8f9d

Go up behind the guard and hold him at gun point, tell the prisoner to scream as loud as he can then pop the guard in the back 3 times.
>>
No. 805659 ID: 8a947d
File 149645680605.png - (13.05KB , 1212x826 , Book Heist 2.png )
805659

>>805647
Attracting too much attention would not be a good idea. Though you don't want to leave that guy there you don't want to go killing too many people you don't need to. Besides that guy is like twice as big as you and dressed head to toe in armor

>>805647
You head to the left, the hallway hooks around and leads you to the holding cells. a guard makes rounds and heads left, no doubt he'll be coming back afterwards; whatever you're going to do you better act quick before you have to leave.
>>
No. 805669 ID: 8396bb

Too many eyes, we can't sneak through here.
>>
No. 805670 ID: 91ee5f

>>805669
Yep. Gonna have to go back to the screaming guy's room and go to the right this time.
>>
No. 805671 ID: 3bc54d

Do we gain a point in strength for knocking out that guard eventually?
>>
No. 805682 ID: 8a947d
File 149647182787.png - (11.41KB , 1212x826 , Book Heist 2_5.png )
805682

>>805671
You don't see yourself gaining any experience from bashing people over the head
>>805669
>>805670
Upon closer inspection a lot of the cells are empty, it's not like Gridholm where every cell was filled. While you can sneak past this area rather easily you cannot start a jailbreak like before.
Do you still want to go back the way you came ?
>>
No. 805689 ID: 3ce125

>>805682
Alright if we can sneak through here to get to storage, then let's.
>>
No. 805714 ID: bd0723

Woah woah woah!

Look I know we may not be the greatest guy around but not one deserves THAT! You go back in there and you serve up some JUSTICE for that guy!
>>
No. 805722 ID: 3abd97

>>805569
>using the right bathroom
What kind of heretic of the natural order are you.

>>805632
Sorry, dude. Still better than getting eaten by a demon, though.

>where go
Think we should be looking for a way to storage.
>>
No. 805723 ID: 91ee5f

>>805714
Even if the guy getting tortured is some sort of mass murderer and/or child rapist? Helping that guy without knowing a thing about him might actually be worse than leaving him in there.

I understand that we want to help everyone, but not everyone should be helped.
>>
No. 805749 ID: 8a947d
File 149653153132.png - (144.11KB , 1212x826 , Book Heist 3.png )
805749

>>805714
>>805723
Even if you did want to help that guy there's no way you'd get past the Interrogator without causing trouble for yourself. He's on his own here unfortunately.

>>805689
You continue through the holding cell hall area. Peeking into the occasional cell all non hold anything of use to you except the spare manacle or chain, a few held prisoners scarred with the mark of the Regent Church cowering in the cell corners. To free them would be pointless; once they left their cells they'd be hunted and killed. There's no way you could do it alone.
At the end of the cell area there's the guard from earlier and another man dressed in scribes talking next to a building directory. You listen in on their conversation.

Guard: Ain't nothin' goin' on 'ere at all, I don' wanna jailbreak or nothin' but gods is it borin' just sittin' around

Scribe: There's supposed to be a book burning later today, the library from the town aways from here got its inventory confiscated after one of the books had some crazy heretic shit in it.

Guards: Oy wha's ot about burnin' books tha's so great huh? is it tha' uhhh. cathers-, cathersit-, uh damn wha's that word?

Scribe: Catharsis ? probably. Hey I think there was dictionary in the books wanna go grab and see what else there is before they cart them out of storage ?

Guards: Nah, Ahm goin' to get a drink at the barracks.
>>
No. 805752 ID: 91ee5f

>>805749
These guys suck at their job. If only 1 book has that stuff, you're only supposed to confiscate that 1 book! That's no reason to take the whole library!

Anyways, I'm sure we can take that book for ourselves and return everything else.
>>
No. 805753 ID: 3ce125

>>805749
If the scribe goes to storage, we can hold him at gunpoint to force him to let us in there (if it's locked) or just get him to help collect all the books.
>>
No. 805755 ID: 3abd97

>>805749
Well, now we know where the books are, at least.

If no one knows how many books there are, maybe you could switch them out for something? If they think they've burned the material, they'll never know it was stolen back.
>>
No. 805761 ID: 394c72

To the library!
>>
No. 805762 ID: 8a947d
File 149653530340.png - (126.10KB , 1212x826 , Book Heist 4.png )
805762

>>805752
>>805753
You doubt this guy'll help you do anything, but for now you follow him silently. He climbs a flight of stairs up to what you assume is the storage floor.
>>
No. 805766 ID: 8a947d
File 149653679914.png - (75.38KB , 1212x826 , Book Heist 6.png )
805766

>>805762
There very little guards on patrol here though it's probably because the office wouldn't need that much guarding, that or the church outpost is severely undisciplined.
The Scribe comes to a stop in front of a storage door.
>>
No. 805771 ID: 8a947d
File 149653979688.png - (193.16KB , 1212x826 , Book Heist 7.png )
805771

>>805766
As the scribe opens the door and goes into the storage room you carefully catch the door with your foot wait a second for him to move deeper in and slide inside after him.
You duck behind one of the large storage cabinets and watch him go through a large bag of books whispering to himself.

Scribe: Jeez no wonder they confiscated these. The stuff in these stories are crazy, I mean what the hells a rabbit ?

He's distracted by his book, on the cabinet next to him is a book with the Pagan's mark.

What now ?
>>
No. 805777 ID: 91ee5f

>>805771
Knock on the door, then go around the shelves while he goes to the door. Then get that pagan book and hide again when he comes back. Read the pagan book while he goes back to reading his book.
>>
No. 805779 ID: f21521

>>805777
"Huh, what was that?"
Supporting.
>>
No. 805781 ID: 4c47f2

Hmm, dunno what to do here, but I suspect things might get loud soonish. That guard mentioned he was going to drink at the barracks, he might stumble into the unconscious guard you hid. Besides, you won't be able to carry all those books on your own.
>>
No. 805782 ID: 8a947d
File 149654359951.png - (161.04KB , 1212x826 , Book Heist 8.png )
805782

>>805777
>>805779
Ah yes one of the greatest tactics known to man, the old Charleston Switcher-oonie. You knock on the door and distract the Scribe. He moves around the front and you sneak around the back and grab the Pagan Book. After the Scribe is done checking the mysterious sound he begins to head back and you circle back around to your prior hiding spot as well.

The book you grabbed is titled Ritual Spells and Instantaneous Castings. There was a class on this back at Daesfield, you didn't pay attention but you cheated off of the guy you sat next to and barely passed.
>>
No. 805790 ID: 8a947d
File 149654572111.png - (195.49KB , 1212x826 , Book Heist 9.png )
805790

>>805782
You read the book a lot of the pages are torn or smudged but a good number of them are still legible.

"-Though summoning demons through the use of sygil signs are a vital part of the Pagan's arsenal its important not to rely on it. Using Ritual Spells to cast instantly is also a useful tool for Summoners to use. Priests pay for the cost of their Miracles by worshiping gods, the payment for the casting of a Ritual Spell is blood, either blood on hand or the blood of the caster.

A common ritual spell used by Pagans is Aether Sight, a ritual that allows its caster to enhance their sight by peering through the Aether into the material world letting them see through walls and mark vital targets. This spell is very much like the Voyeuristic Globule summon aside from the fact it takes an ounce of blood per minute of use.


You've learned Aether Sight

Now you've discovered this new spell, but you still need to get that sack of books.
>>
No. 805791 ID: f21521

Issei can probably carry it. Do you have a way to contact him?
>>
No. 805795 ID: 3abd97

>>805790
Can we take the books, but stuff something else into the bag?

If they burn it without opening it, they'll never know!

(...I you put a fireproof demon in the bag, it'll cause a lot of chaos when they go to burn it, and they'll assume it came from the evil books).
>>
No. 805800 ID: 8a947d
File 149655026199.png - (102.64KB , 1212x826 , Book Heist 10.png )
805800

>>805791
No, you don't have any communication to Issei, kind of a gap in our plan.
>>805795
Summoning a demon just to have it sit in a bag seems like a poor plan, but there is something else you can stuff in the bag...
>>
No. 805801 ID: 8a947d
File 149655038709.png - (237.67KB , 1212x826 , Book Heist 11.png )
805801

>>805800
Scribe: This may be ridiculous but it sure is entertaining, this Huck Finn kid is hilarious.

Scribe Though I still don't know what this N word is...

*THWAK* *THWAK* *THWAK*

That should be enough.
>>
No. 805803 ID: 3ce125

Hmm let's see what we can summon... do you have any bones for the brute? That's likely the best option, because entrails are gonna be hard to get without murdering somebody. Oh hey maybe we can find a bone in here somewhere. Start opening cabinets. Also see if you can wedge the door shut so you won't get disturbed too early.
>>
No. 805804 ID: 8a947d
File 149655176580.png - (117.81KB , 1212x826 , Book Heist 12.png )
805804

>>805801
You empty the books out of the sack and stuff the unconscious scribe into their place. Now that you've got the books next you should summon something to help you carry them. A Roaming Gluttony would be best, it's bottomless stomach could safely hold these books no problem... but you lack the 2 Amethyst shards necessary to summon it.
Well...you're not out yet, you could always try Substituting the Amethyst with something else to see if it works...
>>
No. 805805 ID: 3abd97

Wait, this is storage, right? See if there's anything in the other cabinets you can use as summoning supplies.
>>
No. 805806 ID: 3ce125

Oh, the gluttony can store items too? Neat.

Shit we should've bought amethyst from town when we had the chance. Could you try substituting crystal shards? It's pretty close!
>>
No. 805808 ID: 8a947d
File 149655374414.png - (87.47KB , 1057x826 , Book Escape 1.png )
805808

>>805805
No, nothing useful, mostly clothes and old things nobody wants but nothing good for a summon.

>>805806
seems like the next best thing is substitution of ingredients. This could work but its also risky, if the ingredient substituted isn't similar to whats being used it could blow up in your face, literally. The summoned demon can also vary slightly due to the change in reagents, it'll always be in someway related to the original but a little different.
So you need something similar to Amethyst: Amethyst is crystalline and purple. So something crystalline, purple, or both to use, You have clear crystals and black obsidian to use.
>>
No. 805809 ID: 91ee5f

>>805804
Gluttony can store things? I thought whatever it ate was digested!

But, I don't think the library lady would appreciate getting her books back all covered in demon saliva.

What do we currently have and what do we need for summons that'll be useful for carrying books and getting out of here? Because if you summon a demon to carry the books, we ain't sneaking out of here!
>>
No. 805810 ID: 3abd97

Is... there any purple paper we could steal from a book to make the clear crystal purple?

Or if the fruit pack includes a grape we could use that to stain the clear crystal.
>>
No. 805811 ID: 3ce125

Hah, clear crystals with berry juice on them sounds like it should at least be entertaining.
>>
No. 805813 ID: 8a947d
File 149655541328.png - (73.98KB , 1086x732 , Grapes and Crystals.png )
805813

>>805809
The Gluttony doesn't digest things it just stores stuff in the pocket dimension that is its stomach, but they can be easily retrieved if they are chewed up in its mouth.
Besides the Gluttony is the best option you have right now.

>>805810
>>805811
The juice just barely clings to the sheer crystals. you doubt this'll work, but a part of you wants to see how this goes.
>>
No. 805815 ID: 8a947d
File 149655665965.png - (134.72KB , 1212x826 , Summoning Gluttony.png )
805815

>>805813
Here goes nothing, the summoning energy thrashes wildly and crackles like lighting. Its very obvious ingredients are substituted here.
>>
No. 805816 ID: 8a947d
File 149655667559.png - (151.88KB , 1212x826 , Summoning Gluttony 2.png )
805816

>>805815
Oh?
>>
No. 805817 ID: 8a947d
File 149655674151.png - (120.59KB , 1212x826 , Gluttony.png )
805817

>>805816
Well...It's not exactly the same, but it should work the same. Less of a Roaming Gluttony and more of a Gluttonous Arachnid
>>
No. 805818 ID: 3ce125

>>805817
Perfect! Get the bag inside it and let's ride it out a window and down one of the walls. Spider-climb!
>>
No. 805819 ID: f21521

Can it climb walls? We would be able to make a quick escape out a window if so.
>>
No. 805820 ID: 91ee5f

>>805813
How big is the spider?

>The Gluttony doesn't digest things it just stores stuff in the pocket dimension that is its stomach, but they can be easily retrieved if they are chewed up in its mouth.
Does that mean a person that gets chewed up can be pulled out and still be alive and unchewed?

And wouldn't that also mean that the books will be returned to us as a bunch of chewed up chunks? We need them whole!

>>805818
We don't need the bag! We already took the books out of the bag! The only thing in there is the guard we knocked out and we don't need him!

>>805819
We don't know how big the spider is! That idea won't work if the spider is too small!
>>
No. 805825 ID: 094652

Ah what the hell, put the guard in the spider and put the books in the bag and ride your way down. You can deal with the guard later.
>>
No. 805839 ID: 3abd97

>>805817
Hello spidey! Good spidey-widey.

>what do
We should test that it has the same pocket space storage as the Roaming Gluttony. Feed it something you don't care about, then see if it can be recovered intact.

If so, then we can feed it the books.

...if you can ride or be carried by this thing safely, climbing down the outside of the walls might be an option.
>>
No. 805865 ID: 8a947d
File 149661492228.png - (164.19KB , 1212x826 , Skitter Skitter Skitter.png )
805865

>>805818
>>805819
>>805825
>>805839

You place the books inside the Spider and make sure it swallows but doesn't chew them. You mount it as best you can and ride out of the window.
The spider clings to the side of the wall letting you ride down to the ground safely. As you reach the ground you hear an alarm go off inside of the Outpost, they must've found the knocked out people inside. You better get going.
>>
No. 805866 ID: 3abd97

>>805865
Hi-ho Spider, away!
>>
No. 805867 ID: 8a947d
File 149661662168.png - (198.13KB , 1212x826 , Skitter Skitter Skitter 2.png )
805867

>>805865
You leap the gate and haul ass out of the outpost.

As you escape you hear the sound of clicking and groaning metal. You look back to see the gate of the Outpost.
>>
No. 805868 ID: f21521

Go find Issei.
>>
No. 805869 ID: 8a947d
File 149661743870.png - (204.54KB , 1043x745 , Give Chase.png )
805869

>>805867
Cavalrymen chase you on horse back ! Your spider is much faster, but you can see bows and rifles in their hands! Unless you can dodge every arrow and bullet that comes your way you're screwed!

There about 5 or 6 of them on you now and they don't seem to be letting up, up until now you've never checked your ammunition since you've only really fired two shots from your old Sixshot an none from your Ivory Repeater. Right now you have 4 Sixshot bullets and 6 Ivory Repeater rounds.

You can try shooting them off of you.
Roll 1d6 and add 4 from your SKILL stat to determine the outcome

Or you can keep retreating and try to dodge the gunfire.
Roll 1d6 and add 3 from you AGILITY stat to determine the outcome
>>
No. 805870 ID: 3abd97

rolled 4 + 4 = 8

Pew pew!
>>
No. 805875 ID: 3cdd28

Dodge the bullets. You got this.
>>
No. 805876 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 3 + 4 = 7

Gonna use our higher numbered skill and fire back at them!
>>
No. 805878 ID: 91ee5f

>>805876
Or aim at the bigger target and shoot their horses!
>>
No. 805884 ID: 8a947d
File 149662062990.png - (328.39KB , 1212x826 , Give Chase 2.png )
805884

>>805870
>>805878
amidst the gunfire of the enemy you take aim with your Old Sixshot and fire at the cavalry !

You aimed for the soldier in the front but hit his horse instead, sending it back and knocking its rider off. The horses corpse hits another two riders taking out 3 in total. That leaves 3 others chasing you.
>>
No. 805934 ID: 094652

rolled 5 + 4 = 9

>Shoot the horse
Good idea! Shoot more horses!
>>
No. 805935 ID: 3abd97

>>805934
Dang, almost perfect.
>>
No. 805962 ID: 8a947d
File 149663542356.png - (345.74KB , 1212x826 , Give Chase 3.png )
805962

>>805934
You turn back dodging more gunfire and shoot another rider's horse, once again he falls to the ground, the rider behind him dodges the horses corpse but his horse trips over the body of his comrade causing them both to fall.
The last one shoots at you just missing your arm, you crouch down and fire back at him hitting him directly, his horse gets scared and runs away. A dust storm begins to kick up as you continue to ride.
>>
No. 805965 ID: 8a947d
File 149663606490.png - (134.47KB , 1212x667 , Who dat.png )
805965

>>805962
That's that.

Now all that's left to do is find Issei, get through this sand storm, and get back to Gudon.
>>
No. 805967 ID: fa8f9d

Look out a man with an extremely circular head!
>>
No. 805969 ID: 91ee5f

>>805965
Is that Issei?
>>
No. 805972 ID: 3ce125

I think you're about to encounter the boss! Identify the target before you shoot it, though. It could be Issei?
>>
No. 805977 ID: 8a947d
File 149663960725.png - (121.77KB , 1212x826 , WHo dat Who dat .png )
805977

>>805967
>>805969
>>805972
Wha-? Ph shit someone's tailing you!

That can't be Issei, the silhouette way to short on the horse. That's not right there were 6 people and you took them all out,there's no way a seventh could have caught up to you.
>>
No. 805978 ID: 8a947d
File 149663965075.png - (183.01KB , 1212x826 , oh shit.png )
805978

>>805977
It's hard to make out the person through the sandstorm, but between the waves of sand you can...

Oh Shit.
>>
No. 805979 ID: 8a947d
File 149663969346.png - (453.94KB , 1102x1653 , Reveal.png )
805979

>>805978
IT'S A PRIEST
>>
No. 805982 ID: 3ce125

rolled 4 + 4 = 8

>>805979
Unload your repeater at him.
>>
No. 805983 ID: fc33ea

What does this mean?
>>
No. 805985 ID: 91ee5f

>>805983
It means we've got an enemy that can unsummon our spider!
>>
No. 806007 ID: 8a947d
File 149665388593.png - (514.06KB , 1212x826 , Preist 1.png )
806007

>>805983
What does this mean ? It means you're probably fucked that's what it means! A Regent Priest not 10 feet away from you well trained in the destruction and dispelling of demons and the use of Miracles. This guy's way ahead of you in terms of magical prowess and has probably dealt with bigger heretical threats than you.

>>805982
In a panic you fire at him with your Ivory Repeater. All shots are swept away from him as he waves his charm across the air casting a protective miracle. Firing is useless, and he continues to pressure you.
>>
No. 806010 ID: 3ce125

Fuuuuck, we gotta find Issei!
>>
No. 806015 ID: 3ce125

...oh, can you cast Aether Sight to find Issei? Or to conveniently sense a weak point on the Priest?
>>
No. 806027 ID: 91ee5f

>>806007
Damn, I was hoping that would at least scare the horse and make it either run away with the priest or knock the priest off and run away without him.

Questions: If he dispells your spider, what happens to everything it's carrying for you? Will everything still be there next time you summon it or would it all be gone for good? And if everything's still there, would you need to resummon the spider to get it or could you just summon the normal Gluttony to get everything?

I sure hope Issei conveniently shows up and helps!
>>
No. 806042 ID: 18e784

Well, some spiders can jump very high, Can our little friend do that? If so, I would say you should shot your other gun on that priest to supress them and stop him from doing anything, if possible (although be mindful of your ammo), and then jump to get away of his line of sight. The Dust clouds should in help us with that in fact.

Failing that, Well, Try to delay him as much as possible, and keep yourself at a distance, mind your ammo, and if they seem to be trying something, shot at him to force him to block it. And try to make it look like you can do that all day, They don't need to know that we are having shortage of ammo.
>>
No. 806050 ID: 3583d1

shit shit shit

On the gas lets think, we need something he won't expect, what if we aim at the horses leg, he can block any shot at him and the top part of his horse, can we cap the leg of his horse and send him tripping?
>>
No. 806059 ID: fe7355

Hold your fire. You'll just end up wasting your ammo having it bounce off that bullshit Miracle shield no matter how well you aim. And you're not nearly skilled enough to do trick shot ricochets off rocks to hit the Priest from a unexpected angle, so that option is out.

Okay, you need to take advantage of your mount's special abilities. So far that looks like it can go up or down sheer walls, while a horse can't. But if you try to go up a sheer rock wall here, the Priest would catch up in a matter of seconds. However, if you go DOWN, over a cliff edge, one that he could not see coming in this sandstorm in time to stop... Hehehe.

Unfortunately, the problem with this idea is you can't see more than ten feet ahead of you in this sandstorm, so it'd be sheer luck to find a cliff. But, you could do the Aether Sight ritual spell and that handicap would go right away, while the Priest wouldn't have such a benefit. Plus, you could look about for Issei as well. And in the case you don't see a suitable cliff, you can still use the Aether Sight to circle back around to closer to where Issei was to see if he's nearby.
>>
No. 806065 ID: 0d1514

>>806007
Demons are useless and guns are useless. You have one option- seduce him!
>>
No. 806100 ID: 753170

Can you get into rougher terrain? Spider country!
>>
No. 806114 ID: 8a947d
File 149670236055.png - (307.89KB , 1212x826 , Jump Jump.png )
806114

>>806015
>>806059
You activate Aether Sight.The your sight is washed with the demonic red hue of the Aether, you don't see Issei anywhere and there's no discernible weakness on the Priest.
There are a cliffs for you to leap to but you're so far from them it may take time.

>>806027
The Gluttonous Spider did not chew the books or swallow them with the intention to eat them, if the spider is destroyed the books will scatter about.

>>806065
How are supposed to seduce anyone in this sandstorm ? Getting it all in your eyes and in your nose you cant be charming in this condition !

>>806042
As the Priest begins to gain on you faster and faster you stop short causing the Priest to pass you by and have your Spider prepare and leap forward. The spider leaps surprisingly far, it seems like you're in the clear for now.
>>
No. 806116 ID: 8a947d
File 149670252866.png - (474.42KB , 1212x826 , Preist 2.png )
806116

>>806114
Priest:...

Priest: There's no chance you'll get away from me heretic.

Priest: God of the sky, my god Zarkaus smite this heretic and bring him to his knees.
>>
No. 806118 ID: 8a947d
File 149670267978.png - (236.42KB , 1212x826 , Preist 3.png )
806118

>>806116
A bolt of lightning strikes you in the midair!

you plummet and hit the ground.
>>
No. 806119 ID: 3ce125

Agh. Try to evade as best you can. Use the spider's better maneuverability by weaving around to keep the horse from being able to catch up to you.

Get to those cliffs!
>>
No. 806121 ID: fc33ea

Have you still go the stone? You need to stash that before they find it.
>>
No. 806137 ID: 0d1514

>>806118
Shoot horse? Shoot charm? send spider ahead?
>>
No. 806138 ID: f36501

Is there some way to sever his connection to his god? He seems to be calling it with that little totem he has. Any way to get around and shoot it out of his hand or something?
>>
No. 806144 ID: 8a947d
File 149670799687.png - (457.24KB , 1212x826 , Preist 4.png )
806144

The lightning continues to strike behind and in front of you

>>806137
>>806138
You're already further ahead of him, he's too far to shoot and it'd be too risky with you the 3 bullets you have left. Moving closer is a terrible idea since it puts in the center of the lightning strikes and even if you could that barrier miracle makes him and his horse untouchable. Your best bet is to continue retreat.

>>806121
you shove the Azerite into the spiders mouth and hope it doesn't get killed on the way.

>>806119
You continue to weave around the lightning and try to predict where it'll strike, but you're sure the Priest is gaining on you as you struggle with his lightning.
>>
No. 806145 ID: 8a947d
File 149670856402.png - (191.72KB , 1212x826 , Preist 5.png )
806145

>>806144
The cliff is in eyesight ! one more leap and your spider should be able to catch the side!

Will you rely on your AGILITY to try and maneuver your spider through the lightning strikes?
(Roll 1d6 and add 3)

Or will you try and find a pattern in the lightning with your WITS to get through the barrage ?
(Roll 1d6 and add 8)

(Success=8)

Succeeding with a lower stat will cause it to increase more next time you level up
>>
No. 806147 ID: 3ce125

rolled 3 + 8 = 11

>>806145
I don't think we should risk it here. We'd have to roll a 5 or 6 to succeed with Agility.

...do I even need to roll with WITS? Eh, I guess I'll do it anyway.
>>
No. 806154 ID: 91ee5f

>>806147
Success!
>>
No. 806160 ID: 3abd97

Huh, what's the priest's weakness, I wonder?

Pagan needs materials. Prophet needs who knows what. Is the priest actively burning his god's favor to pull off this light show? Which would suggest they work best in bursts- longer rest periods of prayer and favor building in exchange for brief periods of burning power. Rechargeable batteries. So you wanna target one after they already burned off reserves. Hmmm. Assuming any of my guesses are right, at least.

>>806118
On the plus side, without a conductive path to ground, that probably hurt way less than it would have it had hit you not mid-air.
>>
No. 806170 ID: 8a947d
File 149671274837.png - (281.00KB , 1212x826 , Preist 6.png )
806170

>>806160
Priests need to worship gods to "fuel" them, the gods gain power from the worship and grow stronger and stronger, to cast a Miracle the god sends out a burst of this fuel to the Priest.
The trade off for this is that Gods receive worship through Shrines and store it in them as well, these shrines are weak points for gods since if they're destroyed the worship is gone with it. Priest's also lose power the further away they are from these shrines

Along with this Priests need charms to cast Miracles, no charm no Miracles. You'd target the Priests charm but the protective barrier is too much

>>806147
>>806154
You watch how the lightning strikes around and almost hits you, thought it looks almost unending the lightning doesn't act like natural lightning. It seems like the bolts can't hit the same area more than once within a given space of time. With this knowledge you move towards bolts of lightning in front of you knowing that where they strike is a temporary safe zone.

You finally reach a point where you are confident enough to prepare your Gluttonous Spider to jump towards the cliff. It latches to the side and quickly skitters to the top.
>>
No. 806174 ID: 8a947d
File 149671400364.png - (156.04KB , 1212x826 , Preist 7.png )
806174

>>806170
You keep riding and don't stop until you can't hear lighting striking anymore. You and your spider stop to catch you breath. The sandstorm lets up a little.

That's the last time you want to see a priest.
>>
No. 806188 ID: 91ee5f

>>806174
You and Issei agreed on a place to meet each other, right? Let's go there to meet up with him!

Also, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU STOPPING NEXT TO THE CLIFF?!?! KEEP GOING BEFORE THE PRIEST DOES SOMETHING THAT LET'S HIM CATCH UP!!!!!
>>
No. 806196 ID: 3abd97

>>806174
Good spider. *Pat pat pat*
>>
No. 806199 ID: f21521

Has anyone else noticed that OP spelled "priest" wrong in the file names?
>>
No. 806200 ID: 8a947d
File 149671855928.png - (185.47KB , 1212x826 , Priest 8 (There is that better ).png )
806200

>>806199
banned, blocked, get out, you're not welcome here

>>806188
You're not still near the cliff, you kept going for a long time until you couldn't hear the lightning anymore.

You and Issei haven't agree'd on any place to meet, all you can do is go back to Gudon and hope he's there. You can't keep searching if there's that Priest roaming around.
>>
No. 806201 ID: fa8f9d

Can he still see us from up there? Can our spider burrow underground in preparation to catch him off guard?
>>
No. 806202 ID: 91ee5f

>>806200
THE PRIEST IS RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!! GET YOUR WOMANLY CURVES BACK ONTO THE SPIDER AND GET GOING!!! DX
>>
No. 806203 ID: 3ce125

rolled 3 + 4 = 7

>>806200
If he's using a charm to fly that probably means he can't block bullets anymore. Try shooting him again.
>>
No. 806204 ID: 3abd97

>>806200
God damn god damner.
>>
No. 806205 ID: 8a947d
File 149672073983.png - (248.49KB , 1212x826 , Priest 9.png )
806205

>>806202
>>806203
Wait shoot who ? Wha-
>>
No. 806207 ID: 8a947d
File 149672205580.png - (392.57KB , 1212x826 , Priest 10.png )
806207

>>806205
It wasn't direct...but it still hurt a lot.

Priest: Didn't even get a big fish this time.

Priest: Just a black molly dressed like a piranha. I was hoping I'd at least get a scratch this time.

The Priest mocks you, it's a woman's voice.

Priest: Oh well, another head for the count...
>>
No. 806208 ID: 3abd97

>>806207
Limit break. The bandages are torn: hidden tattoo runes, activate!
>>
No. 806209 ID: fc33ea

What's that in the sky?
>>
No. 806211 ID: 8a947d
File 149672349727.png - (211.25KB , 1212x826 , Priest 11.png )
806211

>>806208
Your hidden rune scars activate and unleash their ultimate ability, bleeding when reopened.

Priest: When you think about I'm doing you a favor!

Priest: Some other priests like to take their time with this sort of thing, real fucked up bastards.

Priest: Just don't try anything dumb and I won't make this any worse than it already is...

You can hear a gun cock behind you
>>
No. 806212 ID: fc33ea

Tell them to wait, you just wanted the earth to be green again,
>>
No. 806219 ID: 3ce125

Time to try out your CHARM! Woo that lady priest like your life depends on it!
>>
No. 806221 ID: 094652

"Real killers don't rationalize their choices. Here, let me - ARGHGURGLE"

Fake death, she'll think it's internal bleeding. Then do whatever.
>>
No. 806226 ID: 91ee5f

>>806219
You better hope she's into women! Because one look at Heretic's feminine curves and she'll think he's a woman that's trying to hit on her! XD
>>
No. 806228 ID: 753170

Your gluttony took advantage of all that smoke to circle around and is going to jump out and swallow her, right? Right??
>>
No. 806229 ID: 8a947d
File 149672966444.png - (74.75KB , 887x683 , Hiding.png )
806229

>>806228
...Yeah ! its gotta be sneaking around waiting for the right time! It couldn't just leave you here...
>>
No. 806230 ID: 8a947d
File 149672968434.png - (263.51KB , 1212x826 , Priest 12.png )
806230

>>806219
You aren't CHARMING enough to pull off seduction will so injured.

>>806212
Priest: Don't think I didn't notice the Azerite your little pet ate. Not a problem, after I kill you your tie to that monster'll sever and I'll take it with me.

You: P-Please...

Priest: Please what ? Let you go around summoning your little creatures ? Let you terrorize the world with your heretic bullshit ?

You: I...Just want to make the world...g-green again.

Priest: Hmmm...

Priest: Y'know... I feel sorry for you: raised in a colony full of lunatics, taught dark magic and tainted from birth, a pitiful existence.

Priest: Heh...I really am doing everyone a favor here.

She takes aim...
>>
No. 806231 ID: 3583d1

Roll out of the way, kick low and knock her on her feet!
>>
No. 806233 ID: fc33ea

summon something, anything!
>>
No. 806234 ID: 753170

She's got her foot on you. Violently struggle to throw off her aim then twist around to knock the gun out of her hands. This is for the sake of the world, you can't give up!
>>
No. 806236 ID: 6f97db

"You say I'm evil. Why don't you prove it? Don't you have one of those Detect Evil spells?"
>>
No. 806239 ID: 8a947d
File 149673335353.png - (95.31KB , 1212x826 , Darker and Darker.png )
806239

>>806231
>>806234
You feel too tired to move.
>>806233
You feel too tired to summon.
>>806236
You feel too tired to speak.

Your throats dry, your body hurts, and you want to sleep...

...
>>
No. 806240 ID: 8a947d
File 149673342186.png - (2.94KB , 1212x826 , Knocked Out.png )
806240

...

Why did Athmoor have to die ?

>>
No. 806241 ID: 3583d1

WAKE UP, GODS AND DEMONS DAMN YOU! WE BURN FATE!
>>
No. 806243 ID: 3ce125

>>806240
Who's Athmoor?
>>
No. 806244 ID: 8a947d
File 149673360682.png - (61.41KB , 1212x826 , Athmoor.png )
806244

Long before anything existed the primeval being Athmoor arose from a slumber that had lasted endlessly.

From his stupor he let out a great yawn and his breath collided together in the Aether to make the universe, the planets, and the humans.

He cared for them and looked after them.

>>
No. 806246 ID: 8a947d
File 149673384212.png - (93.95KB , 1212x826 , Athmoor 2.png )
806246

One day beings similar to Athmoor came to him, tired starving, seeking shelter from the terrors of the deep Aether.

Athmoor in his infinite power also held infinite kindness, almost child-like naivete. He let his guest stay in his universe, and made sure they were comfortable.

>>
No. 806247 ID: 8a947d
File 149673405131.png - (77.50KB , 1212x826 , Athmoor 3.png )
806247

Athmoor's hospitality new no bounds.

"May we please partake of this water, Athmoor ?" and he allowed them to drink.

"Will you allow us to eat of the trees, Athmoor ?" and he allowed them to feast.

Shall we enjoy the bright sun, Athmoor ?" and he allowed them to rest.

>>
No. 806249 ID: 8a947d
File 149673443185.png - (142.44KB , 1212x826 , Athmoor 4.png )
806249

Soon it was obvious that the beings Athmoor had let into his domain were taking advantage of this kindness and showed no gratitude for what they were granted.

"Athmoor! I broke my arm climbing your mountains, may I borrow one of yours ?" and Athmoor gave his right arm.

"Athmoor! I have no horns to defend my self against the ravenous beasts of this land, may I borrow on of yours ?" and Athmoor gave his horn.

"Athmoor! My stomach hurts from eating rotted fruit, may I borrow yours ?" and Athmoor gave his stomach.

"Athmoor! The harsh sun as burned my skin raw, may I borrow yours?" and Athmoor gave his skin.

Bit by bit, piece by piece, Athmoor gave himself to those he felt needed it more. Not realizing each part he gave took power with it.

>>
No. 806250 ID: 8a947d
File 149673494735.png - (87.34KB , 1212x826 , Athmoor 5.png )
806250

Soon with enough power they no longer needed the rest of Athmoor, so will they lied about their strife they picked him apart and flung his organs to the Aether.

They took his world, took his power, took his work, and claimed it for their own. They claimed to be Gods but were parasites feeding off of what they stole.

Athmoor's organs festered in the Aether and became demons mindless and animalistic for they were severed from Athmoor's head and brain which the false gods kept as a trophy and buried in the earth.

His hospitality taken advantage of and his kindness spurned Athmoor was dead. The god's did not care for the humans, they took ownership of the sky and the sun and the moon and fed off of the humans worship with little care for their issues.

If Athmoor had lived maybe the would not of ended, maybe it still be green, maybe you'd still be alive...

>>
No. 806255 ID: 8a947d
File 149673541365.png - (86.49KB , 1212x826 , Burn Fate.png )
806255

But you're not dead.

The earth will be green again.

People like you burn fate.

>>
No. 806257 ID: 8a947d
File 149673647457.png - (72.98KB , 1212x826 , Coming to.png )
806257

You start to come to, you don't know what being dead is like but you were pretty sure you were there...or not you've never been dead before.

you're groggy but you can feel yourself moving and hear somebody singing to themselves...

???:she bruises, coughs, she splutters pistol shots. But hold her down with soggy clothes and breezeblocks~

???: she's morphine queen of my vaccine my love, my love, love, love~
>>
No. 806258 ID: 8a947d
File 149673741193.png - (129.63KB , 1212x826 , Coming to 2.png )
806258

>>806257
You're swaying an awful lot to which doesn't help your dizziness.

Issei: muscle to muscle and toe to toe, the fear has gripped me but here i go

Issei: my hear sinks as i jump up, your hand grips hand as my eyes shut.
>>
No. 806260 ID: 3583d1

Issei you beautiful bastard! what happened?
>>
No. 806261 ID: 3ce125

>>806258
Issei! Did you save me? Is the Priest dead?
>>
No. 806271 ID: 35d188

Wait for him to finish his song if he hasn't already then thank him for saving your life.
>>
No. 806284 ID: 91ee5f

>>806258
Tell Issei, "I appreciate you saving my life, but if you're gonna carry me, could you please not put your hand on my butt? It feels weird."

Then ask him what happened to the priest, your spider, and all the objects your spider was carrying for you.
>>
No. 806293 ID: 9876c4

>>806271
Yes, this.
>>
No. 806316 ID: fbf7ce

She may contain the urge to runaway but hold her down with soggy clothes and breezeblocks.
Germaline disinfect the scene my love my love love love~

>>
No. 806338 ID: 8a947d
File 149678008398.png - (293.35KB , 1212x826 , Coming to 3.png )
806338

>>806284
>>806261
>>806260
You: Ugh...Issei, hand off my butt!

Issei: oh you're up, sorry it was the easiest way to carry you.

You: Wheres the spider ?

Issei: don't worry we're riding it, we're almost back to Gudon.

You: ...and the Priest ?

Issei: i caught her off guard, i can't deal with priests any better than you can so i just flung her as far as i could, haven't seen her since.

You: Hey should I de-summon the spider before we enter Gudon ?

Issei: probably, i'm not sure how they'd feel about a spider demon in town.
>>
No. 806341 ID: 41bf03

What's a breezeblock?
>>
No. 806342 ID: 4c47f2

Thanks. Did you take any injuries, and did I take any as well?
>>
No. 806346 ID: 91ee5f

>>806338
At least get within walking distance before you de-summon the spider.

The pick up the things the spider ate, put the Azerite back in your bag and then you and Issei pick up the books and start carrying them back to the library.
>>
No. 806348 ID: 138130

Better thank that spider before you dispell it. Pulled your bandaged booty mostly out of the fire.
>>
No. 806350 ID: fe7355

Hey, you know about when godly miracles started to be possible and when the Regency Church really started to take off? And when did the world start to decline?

>>806346
>...you and Issei pick up the books and start carrying them back to the library.
Um... There's a major problem with this in that everyone is going to see you two carrying a load of books into the library right after a load of books was stolen from the guard station. The guards'll end up coming right back to the library and hauling them off, probably along with the poor librarian for accepting illicit materials. Better to stash the books outside town, then approach the librarian and tell her you got a load of books for her and where they are, but that the Church guard will just haul them off again if she just shelves them in the library. She'll need to set up a more discreet way to store them and for the populace to borrow and read them.
>>
No. 806351 ID: 8a947d
File 149678357421.png - (142.07KB , 1212x826 , Library.png )
806351

>>806346
You and Issei reach the outskirts of the city where you de-summon the Gluttonous Arachnid, you also remember to scribble down the summon recipe just in case.
Gluttonous Arachnid: 1x Tooth, 2x Sort of Purple Crystals, 1x Rotten Fruit, Something Metallic.

You take the Azerite and Issei pulls out a large bag from his coat and puts the books inside.

You: Issei why do you have a bag large enough to carry a libraries worth of books on you ?

Issei: why do you have human teeth and dead insects on you ?

You:... Alright that's fair.

You return to the library.

Medi: Are! Are those my books?! How did you?

You: We went down to the outpost and told them they made a mistake, here ya go. I'm keeping that book that got you in trouble though, for uhh.... research.

Medi: You research magical artifacts ? Oh that's wonderful! do you think you could look at something for me ?
>>
No. 806352 ID: 3ce125

>>806351
Sure thing, lady.
>>
No. 806354 ID: 094652

Do it. Issei is strong enough to take on any traps she could have.
>>
No. 806357 ID: 29c3e2

Hooray! Side quests! What's up lady? (Employ a little bit of that charm)
>>
No. 806374 ID: 3abd97

>Oh that's wonderful! do you think you could look at something for me ?
Didn't we just do something for her?

I mean, sure, hear her out at least.
>>
No. 806378 ID: 0d1514

>>806351
Anytime.
>>
No. 806393 ID: 8a947d
File 149679210849.png - (84.63KB , 1212x826 , Waystone.png )
806393

You agree to see what she wants, Medi leads you into the back room of the library and shows you a Waystone. the Waykey in your pocket starts to glow.

Medi: I found this outside of the city, I have no idea what it is. Do you know what it could be ?

you explain what a Waystone is and how it works, then you ask if you can have access to this one to use.

Medi: Well, I guess I owe it to you after all your help. just make sure you don't wreck anything back here okay ?

You slot the Waykey into the indent in the Waystone, it lights up and shows a map of Second Helchaim. Now that you have more than one Waystone activated you can travel between them.

Do you want to use the Waystone to travel ?
>>
No. 806402 ID: fc33ea

With that Priest still around, buggering as far off as possible sounds like a good idea...
>>
No. 806404 ID: 3abd97

>>806393
Grab Issei, pop back to that bar, and let's have a nice drink after our near death experience. Buy Issei something with strawberries as thanks for saving your butt.

Remember, your 1st town disguise / identity uses the dress!
>>
No. 806409 ID: 91ee5f

I'm not sure going back to where we started would help much. Plus, we'd end up leaving Issei behind and that's not something you do to teammates.

>>806404
Would it even work like that? What if Issei needs his own Waykey for the Waystone to work? And if he secretly has one, then he wouldn't be able to come with because he probably hasn't been to the Waystone in the bar.
>>
No. 806413 ID: 8a947d
File 149679491413.png - (151.81KB , 1212x826 , Luucc's Inn.png )
806413

>>806404
You already wore the dress today, the dress quota is filled.

>>806409
Anybody with you can come too, as long as your Waykey is present.

>>806402
You touch the map hologram. The world flickers around you and before you know it you know it you're outside of Luucc's Inn.

Inside you notice there hasn't been much of a change from last time the Inn still seems pretty empty. You head up to the front desk to speak to Luucc.

Luucc: Hey man! glad to see ya back here!

You: Hi Luucc, did that speakeasy plan not go so well ?

Luucc: No it went great! Every bodies down in the basement and Ulrik's running the bar while I stay up here and keep watch!

Luucc: Wanna head down and get yourself a drink ?
>>
No. 806414 ID: 3abd97

>>806413
I just went way too many rounds with the fist of an angry god.

Hell yes do I want a drink, you beautiful person you.
>>
No. 806420 ID: 91ee5f

>>806413
Even though it was your idea that helped him, he's still gonna charge ya for the drink. Well, maybe he'll let you have the first drink for free. At minimum, he'll give you a 10% discount.

Ask Issei if he wants a drink.
>>
No. 806424 ID: 3ce125

Do they have any strawberry-based drinks?
>>
No. 806452 ID: 8a947d
File 149680021188.png - (265.49KB , 1212x826 , Luucc's Speakeasy.png )
806452

>>806414
You and Issei head down to the basement. It's much fuller than the upstairs people are drinking all sorts of odd beverages with strange effects.

Ulrik see's you come down.

Ulrik: Well if it ain't the legend himself. Like the new clothes, fits ya betta than da dress did.

Ulrik: Luucc said ya get one on tha' house, so what'll ya have ?

Issei orders a Strawberry Lake. What do you want ?

Serpent Sarsaparilla: Fizzy soda that temporarily turns the drinkers head into a snake, Increases Agility

Storm-brew: Strong beer that makes the drinker exhale storm clouds, Increases Strength

Balance Bourbon: Normally bourbon makes you dizzy, this glass helps keep you on your toes, Increases Skill
>>
No. 806456 ID: f36501

Storm Brew!
>>
No. 806458 ID: be0718

Serpent Sasparilla! In case of catastrophic calamity, the bottlecap it comes with will count as legal tender!
>>
No. 806459 ID: 299587

Storm brew obviously! We need to get our muscles up!
>>
No. 806460 ID: 3abd97

>>806452
What there's no potion of gender bending on the menu? I wanted to order one of those by "mistake".
>>
No. 806465 ID: 3ce125

>>806452
I think we have enough Strength now.
I feel like Skill is more important than Agility but nobody's voting for it, so
Serpent Sarsaparilla.
>>
No. 806468 ID: 91ee5f

>>806452
Let's get the Serpent Sarsaparilla!

>>806460
Listen, Heretic already has feminine curves. If he drank one of those, that would only increase them even bigger! That would bring his curves to "thicc" territory!
>>
No. 806470 ID: 047acf

You're here to drink alcohol and get legless. Serpent Sarsaparilla!
>>
No. 806474 ID: 8a947d
File 149680282071.png - (252.63KB , 1212x826 , DING(hiss hiss snek).png )
806474

You feel a lot more... slithery. Your AGILITY boosts!

After your exploits at the Outpost and surviving that Priestess you feel a level up is appropriate. Your WIT and SKILL increase accordingly. You gain 2 extra Attribute points to allocate, what do you enhance ?
>>
No. 806476 ID: 299587

>>806474
Put them both into strength
>>
No. 806477 ID: 3abd97

>>806474
Charm and charm.

We need to be able to charm the pants off of people.
>>
No. 806478 ID: 91ee5f

>>806474
Let'ssss put both of them into SSSSTRENGTH sssso that it can catch up with our other sssstatssss!
>>
No. 806479 ID: 047acf

Double charm sounds fun.
>>
No. 806481 ID: 3ce125

Double charm.
>>
No. 806482 ID: fc33ea

Put at least one in strength.
>>
No. 806483 ID: be0718

Enhance Agility even further! Now we have another primary stat. Never get caught underfoot again!
>>
No. 806484 ID: 4c47f2

Skill and Agility
>>
No. 806485 ID: d69df4

one strength, for covering our butts, so to speak, but then one skill. Here's what I'm thinking:
Strength is so we don't get blindsided by suddenly STRENGTH CHECK. While Skill is to make sure our gunnery maintains it's use even as we get more dudes on our butt.
>>
No. 806487 ID: f21521

Charm and skill.
>>
No. 806488 ID: 8a947d
File 149680532692.png - (116.17KB , 1212x826 , ya boy Troy.png )
806488

You slot both points into CHARM and one to STRENGTH
WITS:9
STRENGTH:2==>3
AGILITY:4
CHARM:5==>6
SKILL:5

You as you finish your drink a familiar voice speaks to you from behind.

Troy: Well, Well. I go through all that work to get ya outta this damn city and you come crawlin' back.

Troy: Glad to see tha ship plan' went well. I'm guessin' you used a Waystone to sneak back here ? I don't blame ya, Luucc knows how to mix a mean Balance Bourbon.
>>
No. 806494 ID: 3abd97

Hoy, Troy. I take it your trip back was uneventful?
>>
No. 806495 ID: 299587

Well I ended up making a new friend on the way, and he already saved my butt, so I'd say it went very well!
>>
No. 806496 ID: 3ce125

>>806488
So ask him if his shop's okay. Did the shadowmen steal anything?
>>
No. 806509 ID: 8a947d
File 149680923233.png - (108.97KB , 1212x826 , ya boy Troy 2.png )
806509

You: Yup, made a new friend, fought some Shadowmen, did some other stuff, pretty eventful day i'd say.

Troy: Whoa there hotshot what'd ya do ta get Shadowmen mad enough to chase you outside of town ?

You: Might've shot their Boss in the head.

Troy: Oh yeah! Ulrik told me about that, so that's why you had to leave the city.

You: Partly, I really needed to leave because this city's a Regent Church infested cesspool. That and I have plans in New Olmec.

Troy: New Olmec? I gotta a sister who lives up there, normally she sends my cards and messages but recently shes gone quiet. I heard somethin' weird's happenin' down there but I never got a chance to go check it out...

You: Is that so...

Seems like you can offer to let Troy come with you to New Olmec, you've had a weird feeling about the guy since you first saw him and letting come with you might be a good chance to see what hes about.
>>
No. 806511 ID: fa8f9d

He helped us out so I don't see a problem with doing the guy a favor. (I miss like 3 posts and none of you guys hit on the librarian? Shame shame shame.)
>>
No. 806512 ID: 3abd97

>>806509
Wanna ride? You got me out of town, least I can do is repay the favor.

>>806511
I'm holding out hope for Lyda.
>>
No. 806513 ID: f21521

Troy is mah boy.
>>
No. 806514 ID: 91ee5f

Would it really be a good idea to let Troy come with us? Because Issei is in our party and there's no way we can keep that a secret with Troy hanging around. And Troy might freak out and run to the nearest church and tell them about us!

>>806512
>Lyda
Who is that?
>>
No. 806515 ID: 8a947d
File 149681109093.png - (78.83KB , 1212x826 , ya boy Troy 3.png )
806515

>>806511
>>806512
>>806512
You: Ya know if you need to go down to New Olmec me and Issei are going down their today, you can come if you want.

Troy:...Yeah, I gotta find out whats going on in that damned city.

You: I have church priests and voodoo men on my ass though, it might not be such a smooth ride.

Troy: No, I gotta go now, can't wait anymore. Besides I've dealt with worse and you and that tall fellow seem like you've handled yourselves so far.

Troy: I got horses on hold at the Gudon Stables just in case, well go down and get em then head for New Olmec.

Troy: I'm ready when you are, gimme the word when we leave.
>>
No. 806547 ID: 299587

>>806514
Alright well let's enjoy a meal and depending on time we hit the road!
>>
No. 806555 ID: 3ce125

I think we should stop by some shops and fill out some more summoning ingredients. Maybe a butcher could supply some viscera? Gotta pick up another rotten fruit and some amethyst shards.

Especially be on the lookout for some level 2 ingredients. Charcoal, wood, and rubies would let us summon a Pyre. The rubies could be expensive, but they don't have to be BIG rubies. A feather and a piece of common glass would fill the requirements for the hawk... the Vanguard is gonna be tricky. Lizards aren't common street animals so we can't just pick one up out of an alley.
>>
No. 806581 ID: c72975

Can we get some ammo around here? We are kind of running low, and since we are going to have someone else coming with us, we could give them our spare gun, if they don't have one.
>>
No. 806659 ID: 8a947d
File 149686940373.png - (101.31KB , 1212x826 , ya boy Troy 4.png )
806659

>>806581
You: You have a gun right ?

Troy: 'Course I got a gun why wouldn't I ?

You: Just checking, since Ulrik's weapon shop is out of commission is there anywhere we can buy ammo. We could also use some other supplies too.

Troy: There is a gun store round here, Ulrik and the owner are at each others throats constantly but we can shop there.

Troy: There's Maki-Station for supplies , its a general store with tons of stuff for ya.

Troy: You also got that weird shop not far from here, it sells a bunch of weird stuff but nothin' essential.

Where should you go ?
>>
No. 806661 ID: 3ce125

Weird shop!
>>
No. 806665 ID: 9876c4

Gun show!
>>
No. 806670 ID: f21521

Weird shop, obviously.
>>
No. 806677 ID: 91ee5f

>>806659
Weird shop because there could potentially be another new spell or something that could help.

After that, we should go to the gun shop and get some ammo.
>>
No. 806696 ID: 8a947d
File 149687926409.png - (386.44KB , 1212x826 , Weird Shop.png )
806696

>>806661
>>806670
>>806677
You walk for a while down to this "weird shop" Troy talked about, the sign out front is written in a language you don't understand. The stores interior is filled with odd bottles and jars; all sorts of trinkets line the shelves, and baubles hang from the ceiling. Strange plants you've never seen before cover the corners. It really is weird, but not a bad weird. If you were younger you could see yourself working here.

Troy browsers the inventory and Issei's...somewhere, he wandered off while you were walking here eh, he always come back. You go up to speak to the store owner, a short woman in odd head gear.

Ada: Hello! Welcome to shop, Distant Wonder! How I help ?

You have 295G to spend. From what you see thats useful to you theres.

Reload Ghost (350G): To busy to reload yourself ? This indebted spirit will quickly reload your gun for you given you have the ammo.

Page from Pagan Book (150G): a page from a book written by Pagan's, illegible to those not versed in Pagan's Tongue.

Blue Baroness (500G): A blue steel revolver gun, high quality and normal looking at first but you feel like something about it is different...

Bundle of Feathers (10G):

Cracked Magnifying Glass (15G)

Fire Wood (20G)
>>
No. 806698 ID: fa8f9d

Lay on that pagan charm and see if we can maybe get a discount or the ability to trade items to lower some prices...
>>
No. 806699 ID: 3ce125

>>806696
Nice. Get the page, some feathers and the magnifying glass. The page will give us something cool, and the ingredients will unlock the hawk.

Then we can go buy some ammo. Hey, ask the shopkeep if she's got any jobs you can do.
>>
No. 806701 ID: 91ee5f

>>806696
Do you think turning on Aether Sight and scanning the shelves will reveal anything? We might find something special! Affording the price, however, is another story.

>>806699
This, minus asking for a job. We don't need a reason to stick around in the town where the voodoo guys are any longer than necessary!
>>
No. 806706 ID: 8a947d
File 149688306223.png - (171.50KB , 1212x826 , Ada.png )
806706

>>806699
You buy the Pagan Page, The Bundle of Feathers, and The Magnifying Glass for a total of 175G leaving you at 120G.

>>806699
You ask Ada if there are any job's she needs done or errands that need doing.

Ada: Ahhh...No jobs, but if you need money you bring any odd or weird objects to me ! Not mean shiny knives or trinkets, but crazy magic junk.I pay lots for these You understand, yes ?

>>806698
You could try to charm her for some lower prices but she seems pretty oblivious, it wont be easy (Success=12)

(roll 1d6 and add 6 from CHARM)
>>
No. 806707 ID: 3abd97

rolled 4 + 6 = 10

>>806706
Dang we need a crit.
>>
No. 806708 ID: 8a947d
File 149688407060.png - (119.50KB , 1212x826 , Ada 2.png )
806708

>>806707
Ada: Oh you are sweet! But I cannot lower prices no matter how nice you speak.

Well now you should head for the gun shop, after that you should start to head for New Olmec
>>
No. 806716 ID: b50a96

Wait you've still got the skull and other voodoo junk, right? Time to sell it maybe?
>>
No. 806726 ID: 8a947d
File 149688696653.png - (242.92KB , 1212x826 , Gunshop.png )
806726

>>806708
You and Troy arrive at the gunshop, it's a small triangular right angled building the sign outside reads "Decisive". Inside a few packs of ammo and racks of crappy old guns stand against the walls, the good ones are probably locked away.

You walk up to the clerk, a large man dressed in fine looking scavenged war gear.

Braun: Name's Braun, need guns? I sell 'em.

Man of few words, you looks at his inventory

Pump Shotgun(130G): A simple pump action shotgun that holds 4 shots, good against large targets

Sniper Rifle(130G): A well made sniper rifle that holds 5 rounds, devastating from long range

S. Caliber Rounds(20): 12 Rounds for smaller pistols (Sixshot Pistol)

L. Caliber Rounds(20): 12 Rounds for larger pistols (Ivory Repeater)

You have 120G left.
>>
No. 806729 ID: 9876c4

2 of each ammo.

We're not able to take on more firepower without a way to conceal it, and looking unimpressive is sort of our schtick.
>>
No. 806730 ID: 3abd97

1 each of each ammo.
>>
No. 806736 ID: 3ce125

>>806726
Why don't we just switch to using the repeater exclusively? Larger caliber means a better weapon, and the ammo is the same price.

I say buy two packs of large caliber rounds.
>>
No. 806740 ID: 9876c4

>>806736
12 shots you don't have to reload is significantly better than 6 you do. And if we ever have something in our hand, that's impossible.


Ammo will get you through times of no money far better than vice versa.
>>
No. 806747 ID: 8a947d
File 149689558639.png - (137.80KB , 1212x826 , We out boys.png )
806747

You buy 2 of each types of ammo giving you 25 Sixshot rounds and 26 Ivory Repeater rounds, you've got 40G left.

You leave the gunshop, Issei joins up with you out of no where and the three of you head for the Waystone in Luucc's Inn.

You: So Troy, do you really think something's wrong with the New Olmec ?

Troy: I'm sure of it; I'm not the only one who's thought somethin's wrong. Shipments not coming out of the city, family members being cut off from their loved ones, it ain't right.

You: ... Well, what are we gonna do about it?

Troy: Well I'm gonna try an' find my sister. I don't know what you want in New Olmec but ya better get it quick before this craziness goes too far.
>>
No. 806749 ID: 3ce125

>>806747
I assume you reloaded with the new supply of bullets.

Tell him you just hope things go smoothly.
Also read that Pagan Page.
>>
No. 806750 ID: 8a947d
File 149689724813.png - (119.85KB , 1212x826 , Stun.png )
806750

>>806749
You open up the page, ripped and torn but still perfectly legible. The article teaches about building up demonic energy and releasing it in a short burst to stun up to three attackers at once sacrificing half a liter of blood.

You've learned Stun Spike
>>
No. 806754 ID: 3ce125

>>806750
So uh, I just thought of some important questions:
How much blood can you lose before passing out?
How fast do you recover your blood supply?
How fast does Aether Sight use blood-- like, is the cost negligible if it's only used for a couple seconds?
>>
No. 806758 ID: fa8f9d

What happened to trading voodoo stuff to ada?
>>
No. 806793 ID: c31aac

>>806708
remember to ask weird girl out on a date some time, because WOW cute
>>
No. 806794 ID: fa8f9d

>>806793
Well that's just obvious
>>
No. 806812 ID: 486e87

>>806754
I would guess that we're only about to use it once a while. The average person has 5L of blood and they can lose around 10-15% without serious issues. Things might be different here but that's a guess.
>>
No. 806845 ID: 8a947d
File 149695288015.png - (343.06KB , 1212x826 , Horses.png )
806845

>>806754
You were taught how to control your blood flow so you can work with lower amounts of blood back in Daesfield. You can stand to lose 2 liters of blood without dying, it'll suck but you won't die anymore than that and you'll start passing out. You replenish blood over time, faster if you eat, drink, or sleep. Aether sight initially takes 5 Ounces to activate and another 5 ounce for each minute its active.

>>806758
The skull and crystal shards don't have any voodoo properties, whatever they had was broken after you smashed the alter they were attached to. Ada wants weird and un-explainable magical things, not sort of odd objects.

You warp to Gudon and head to the stables, Troy withdraws his three horses and you saddle them up.
>>
No. 806855 ID: fa8f9d

Ponder why horses look so detailed compared to... humans? Whatever the heck you are while you saddle up.
>>
No. 806858 ID: ce19bd

>>806855
Because it's hilarious.
>>
No. 806871 ID: 8d4593

>>806855
Because man blobs are easily recognizable due to the brain filling in left out details.

Unless you grew up on a farm horse blobs typically do not share in this convenience.
>>
No. 806877 ID: 8a947d
File 149695861654.png - (339.04KB , 1212x826 , Horses 2.png )
806877

>>806855
You: Hey Troy, You ever think about how weird horses are?

Troy: How so ?

You: I Dunno, Like here are all different types of birds or dogs or lizards that look really different, but then you look at horses and its like yup that's a horse

Troy: Pagan, there are different types of horses

You: Oh yeah ? can you name one ?

Troy: Uhm...Donkey ?

You: That's not a horse, its a donkey

Troy: Pony

You: Those are ponies not horses, I get their sorta just smaller horses but their still different things.

Troy: Zebra

You: ...The fucks a Zebra ?

Troy: It's like a black and white stripped horse, I saw it in an old book once.

You: That sounds fake, I mean why w-

The grounds shakes before you can finish telling Troy what a liar he is startling you and your horses.

Troy: Just a tremor, nothin' to worry about. Also if a pony's just a smaller horse whys it any different ?
>>
No. 806878 ID: 35d188

Well it's got a different name doesn't it? There must be something about ponies that makes them different.
>>
No. 806879 ID: 3583d1

A pony is smaller than a horse, usually with stubby legs. A horse is taller and can run faster.

Are those tremors common to this area?
>>
No. 806891 ID: fc33ea

>>806877
'cuz it's half the size! you know there's some egghead somewhere dividing up birds into separate species based on the smallest possible differences in beak shape or plumage, there's no way a pony and a horse are the same.

s'not even like 'draft horse' is a different kind, is it? that's just a job description. It's more like a surname than anything, like 'smith'.
>>
No. 806913 ID: 8a947d
File 149696458452.png - (268.68KB , 1212x826 , Drrrrrr.png )
806913

Issei: ponies have smaller legs and are half the size of real horses, tremors are common in this area ?

Troy: Yeah they're common, but some dogs got smaller legs than other dogs but they're still dogs, just different kinds 'a dog.

Troy: So why's a pony not just a different kinda horse? Why's it gotta be its own thing? Are there different kinds 'a pony too?

Troy: Ya just know someone before the disaster got payed a bunch to name these animals a bunch 'a different crap and they thought "hey! fuck I get more money per animal group so lets just split up a bunch 'a animals for more money!". I don't care what anyone says ponies are horses!

You: You know this just proves my point that horses are weird ...

Another tremor happens, its a little bigger than before.
>>
No. 806914 ID: 3abd97

>>806913
Walk without rhythm!
>>
No. 806917 ID: 91ee5f

>>806913
Uhhhh, what's that giant purple thing that's behind you and to the right?!
>>
No. 806931 ID: ce19bd

QUICK, ASSUME THE POSITION!
>>
No. 806935 ID: b0784e

SANDWORM! PREPARE FOR BATTLE!
>>
No. 806941 ID: 8a947d
File 149697472025.png - (190.88KB , 1212x826 , No one there.png )
806941

>>806917
There's nothing behind you...

>>806935
You: Hey Troy? Do you know if there are any sandworms round here?

Troy: Yeah but they're small, they don't get any bigger than maybe your forearm and are about as long as your leg.

You: Are they dangerous ?

Troy: Nah, the mostly eat bugs and small vermin, why d'yo ask ?

You: ... No reason, I'm just getting a bad feeling all of the sudden.

The tremors grow bigger
>>
No. 806942 ID: 91ee5f

>>806941
Use Aether Sight and look at the ground all around you! There was something there and it went underground!
>>
No. 806954 ID: 8a947d
File 149697699924.png - (434.52KB , 1212x826 , Whoa Nelly.png )
806954

Your horses begin to panic as the tremors get bigger and bigger, they begin to start thrashing around and whinnying.

Troy: Somethin's wrong ! Whats goin on ?
>>
No. 806955 ID: b0784e

>>806942
This. DO THIS AND RIDE BEFORE SHIT EATS YOU!
>>
No. 806956 ID: 8a947d
File 149697707110.png - (184.75KB , 1212x826 , Aether Sight.png )
806956

>>806954
>>806942
You activate Aether Sight.

Something below is burrowing through the sand.
>>
No. 806957 ID: 3abd97

Get off the horses, and let them run, while you hold position. Sandworms hunt by sound.
>>
No. 806959 ID: fc33ea

It's under us!
>>
No. 806961 ID: 91ee5f

Tell Troy he was wrong about the sandworms because there's a REALLY big one burrowing right under us!
>>
No. 806968 ID: 8a947d
File 149698253627.png - (260.64KB , 1212x826 , Deathworm 1.png )
806968

>>806959
>>806955
>>806961
You: Issei! Troy! Something's under us ! We need to get out of here quick !

Troy: W-Wha?

Issei: i can't smell anything underneath all this sand, but i think we should get a move on too.

You get the horses in line and move faster.
>>
No. 806969 ID: 8a947d
File 149698262348.png - (367.28KB , 1212x826 , Deathworm 2.png )
806969

>>806968

You look behind and see something bulging from beneath the sand.

You: It's gaining guys! move faster!
>>
No. 806974 ID: fe7355

Ya need to get up on solid rock or anything that isn't sand. There any stone clear of the dunes in sight? Even a spot where rock is close to the surface of the sand but not exposed would do, since this sandworm wouldn't be able to move through a sand layer that thin.

And if the creature catches up almost completely and is about to get y'all, when that happens ready up a Stun Spike to nail it with.

And for future reference, there any demon summons you know of that use a horse, alive or dead? 'Cause you might end up having to sacrifice a horse to get out of this, assuming you get to solid ground.
>>
No. 806981 ID: 91ee5f

>>806969
It would help if you could list off any summons that are big enough to take on that giant sandworm! Hopefully, we've got what's needed to summon it!

>>806974
Hey! No sacrificing Troy's horses! You've gotta ask if he's ok with that first!

Odds are he'll say yes in order to stay alive, but you've still gotta ask these things!
>>
No. 806983 ID: fc33ea

Shoot at it, at the very least it might get confused. Not like you need to worry about pissing it off.
>>
No. 807004 ID: 8a947d
File 149699674149.png - (548.46KB , 1212x826 , Deathworm 3.png )
807004

>>806974
Hard rock surfaces, you need to find something the worm can't burrow through . There needs to be something like that cliff you climbed up last time you ran from the priest. You need to get some space between you and the worm before you can do anything first.

You: Issei! Let us know if you see any hard rock surfaces or cliffs, we need to get somewhere the worm can't dig.

Issei: right!

Plenty of recipes call for animal viscera and a horse would suffice, but you don't want to sacrifice your only mode of transportation right now. Killing the horses is a last resort.

>>806981
All of your summons are level 1 and level 2 those don't tend to be very big, at least not as big as this worm seems.

>>806983
You shoot three rounds from your Sixshot into the worms...head ? (25==>22). The worm slides back and forth a little like it was dazed but continues on your tail, the worm begins gaining on you.
>>
No. 807007 ID: 3583d1

Are there any large rocks ahead of you? Also we're going to need some kind of explosive material or an explosion spell to kill this thing. Does anyone in the party have something like that?
>>
No. 807010 ID: 3ce125

>>807004
Maybe you could jump onto the worm now that it's on the surface? See if you can get it to reveal its weak point.
>>
No. 807030 ID: 91ee5f

>>807010
Yeah, sure, jump on the thing that can easily scrape you off itself by going underground. That sounds like a great idea!

NOT!
>>
No. 807074 ID: d2a32f

It probably can't turn fast, can you zig-zag?
>>
No. 807092 ID: 8a947d
File 149705546134.png - (318.84KB , 1212x826 , Deathworm 4.png )
807092

>>807074
No maneuver you can currently do on your horse shakes it from you.

>>807007
There doesn't appear to be any hard rock ahead or near you. You have a long way to go before you're safe.

You: Bullets aren't doing anything, do either of you have any ideas ?

Issei: i can't get close enough to slash with my tendrils, there's nothing i can do.

Troy: I gotta plan. I'm gonna get up closer to it, you two stay at a safe distance.

You: What, Get closer ? Troy that's insane !

Troy: I know what I'm doing just keep going.
>>
No. 807093 ID: 8a947d
File 149705558148.png - (386.34KB , 1212x826 , Deathworm 5.png )
807093

>>807092
Troy falls back to get closer to the worm, He raises his hand and what seems like chunks of black ice start materializing above the worm

Troy: JET BLACK
>>
No. 807094 ID: 8a947d
File 149705563620.png - (341.05KB , 1212x826 , Deathworm 6.png )
807094

>>807093
The worm lunges for Troy
>>
No. 807095 ID: 8a947d
File 149705571028.png - (331.75KB , 1212x826 , Deathworm 7.png )
807095

>>807094
And gets crushed by the chunk of black ice!

Troy meets back up with you and Issei as you slow down.

Troy: See? Nothin' to it.
>>
No. 807096 ID: 3abd97

Damn, cool trick dude.

Is that voodoo or heresy?
>>
No. 807097 ID: 3ce125

Ask him what kind of power that was. Was that Voodoo?

Also what the hell was that thing, anyway? Looked like some kind of skull demon... Was that a Pagan summon, or a Voodoo summon?
>>
No. 807101 ID: b0784e

>>807097
That looked like a Pagan summon, but Troy's magic, what was that? Is he a prophet?
>>
No. 807105 ID: 8a947d
File 149705926537.png - (169.07KB , 1212x826 , Deathworm 8.png )
807105

>>807096
>>807097
>>807101
You: W-What was that !?

Troy: Somethin' brought from the Crossroads, Voodoo work. Those Shadowmen really want you dead.

You: NO! not the worm, YOU! That black ice stuff, what was it?

Troy: Oh that? you don't know what a prophet is ?

You: Obviously not, explain.

Troy: Gods need worship to survive, they need attention, offering that sort of stuff; and if they don't get it they start to die. Gods align themselves with a certain aspect or concept, and the more attention it gets the longer the god can live. If nobody cared about the sky, then Zarkaus The Sky God would die out.

Troy: If a god gets really desperate they'll inhabit a mortal body and create a prophet to stay alive, prophets get a fraction of their god's power to use themselves.

You: But you seem pretty against the church, even though you're a god's prophet ?

Troy: The Church only worship their little pantheon, they don't care about the smaller gods like mine: Freitast, The Goddess of Black Ice
>>
No. 807106 ID: 91ee5f

>>807105
Use Aether Sight to look back and make sure that thing is dead!

Wait, you've been using Aether Sight a lot recently, you're not running low on blood, right? Don't use Aether Sight if you are!
>>
No. 807107 ID: 3abd97

Huh. Well, Freitast's cool by me can't resist the ice pun, so long as she's saving my butt and not oppressing it. Thanks, both of you.

Does that mean you've got her voice in the back of your head all the time?
>>
No. 807108 ID: 91ee5f

>>807106
Also, if necessary, could you use black ice to summon anything or can you not do that?
>>
No. 807109 ID: b0784e

I knew you were a prophet, There must be thousands of various gods out there. How did the church even come to power anyway?

And we'd better get a move on before whoever summoned up that thing shows up for round 2
>>
No. 807110 ID: fc33ea

Well that's pretty neat!
You think that's what's been causing trouble out here?
>>
No. 807128 ID: 8a947d
File 149706729481.png - (197.18KB , 1212x826 , Camp.png )
807128

>>807106
You've used Aether sight twice today, each initial cast takes 10 oz of blood, There are about 34 ounces in a liter, so you have about 10 ounces and 1 liter left of Aether Sight casts. You don't want to waste any more in case you need to cast later.

It starts to get late.

You find somewhere high up on hard rock to camp out on in case anymore of these worms are around. You have a ways to go until you reach New Olmec so you decide to rest for the night.

...

You: ...So its like you have somebody else in your head ?

Troy: Nah, she barely talks. I don't think a lot of god's enjoy makin' prophets since it sorta brings them down to a mortal level. If I die, Freitast dies too.

Troy: She only really speaks when she has to.

You: So what is black ice ? If gods are tied to concepts then what concept is black ice ?

Troy: Freitast told me once it's the coldest substance known to man. ice made of pure void, almost unbreakable and Jet Black let's me summon it.

Troy: Apparently she was getting a little TOO popular with humanity, started gettin' more worship than other gods. Zarkaus made sure to take care of that, don't know how but now black ice is a thing of the past.

Issei: from what i've seen the regent pantheon doesn't seem like the most morally upright group of deities, but that ruthlessness helps them gain more power each day.

Issei: it also creates corrupt officials and individuals who follow them, which is fine by me

Troy: pssst, what exactly is Issei again?

You: No clue, don't worry he won't eat you though

Issei: i might if you keep talking about me like i'm not here...
>>
No. 807130 ID: 91ee5f

>>807128
Well, since Issei gave himself away by saying he has tendrils and having them out in front of Troy, I think it's safe to say that Issei can't say he's normal to Troy anymore. So we might as well introduce Issei to Troy as the People Eater from that one story with the Thief and the Beater. Then have Troy guess which one got eaten!
>>
No. 807131 ID: b0784e

What fireside campout grub can we can we cook up for dinner? I doubt Issei will want anything but strawberries so really that just leaves you and Troy.
>>
No. 807132 ID: 91ee5f

>>807130
Then just stay up and chat for a while before going to sleep.
>>
No. 807162 ID: 8a947d
File 149710564396.png - (455.64KB , 1212x826 , Camp 2.png )
807162

>>807131
Issei snacks on strawberries while rest of the fruit from the fruit pack you and Troy eat, you open the pack of jerky and finish that too, a meal fit for kings.

>>807132
Troy carves tiny wooden figures as he talks to you, birds, horses and such.

Troy: So you're settin' out to "reset the world"? why?

You: What do you mean why ? Everything's screwed beyond repair, its been years since everything supposedly went to shit and it hasn't gotten any better.

You: That and the damn Regent Church assholes running amok causing hell. I can't let that keep happening.

Troy: Yeah but resetting the whole world sounds sorta... impossible, let alone unnecessary. Besides, from what you've told me you don't have a concrete method of doing it, just a hunch.

You: Anything to get rid of the Church, as much as I want to see green hills I mostly want them gone; and no conventional method's gonna take them out of power.

Troy: I've spent a good portion of my life dodgin' the Church, but aside from the fact that they're the authority and I occasionally bend the law are they worth goin' through the trouble?

You: ...

You: Believe me, I'd give my life if it meant the Church falling.

Troy: Boy, that's some dedication... Say buddy, this might be a bit of a silly question, but I don't recall you ever tellin' me your name.

Issei: yes, it has not crossed my mind until now but i've just been calling you pagan and the like, but you must have a genuine name, yes ?

Whats your name ?
>>
No. 807163 ID: 91ee5f

>>807162
>What's your name?
Drake Irving.

Also, I'm surprised at how Troy is just casually sitting there and not freaking the fuck out over Issei having tendrils and his face splitting in half to reveal a giant mouth!
>>
No. 807165 ID: 9876c4

Where we're from, true names give great power.

We don't want fame or recognition, we want a better world.
>>
No. 807172 ID: ce939a

Gallows, one word. Fits the cowboy motif, and sounds cool/spooky for a pagan.
>>
No. 807175 ID: 138130

Pagan McPaganface
>>
No. 807176 ID: 138130

Pagan McPaganface
>>
No. 807179 ID: 8d4593

>>807172
That sounds neat.

Although I kind of like Gallows Conroy better.
>>
No. 807180 ID: fa8f9d

>>807179
Thats also fine
>>
No. 807181 ID: 3abd97

Supporting Gallows.
>>
No. 807185 ID: b0784e

Roland "Gallows" Conroy
>>
No. 807186 ID: fa8f9d

Why do y'all want full names anyway? I don't think we've met a single person who introduced themselves with a last name.
>>
No. 807187 ID: 98106b

Gallows
>>
No. 807190 ID: 8d4593

>>807185
Oooh. Even neato-er

>>807186
Because the whole introduction thing is just a literary device to allow us to input a name without breaking the fourth wall or being absurd.

Even if we introduce ourselves with a first name or nick name, that doesn't mean we dont have a full name. Same goes for people we meet. Issei being an exception.
>>
No. 807191 ID: c31aac

>>807185
Bingo, this is a rad name. Our parents totally loved us to give us such a rad name.
>>
No. 807201 ID: 8a947d
File 149713026983.png - (290.33KB , 1212x826 , Camp 3.png )
807201

You: Roland Conroy, but a lotta people call me "Gallows"

Troy: That is not what I expected...Why do people call you Gallows ?

You: Well its a bit of a far-fetched story, When I was little my town got raided by the Regent Church, right?

You: Thousands of people evacuated and escaped but a few of us got caught, 8 adults and itty bitty me. So the Inquisitors that attacked us took us prisoner and brought us back to their Shrine-City, I forget which one.

You: They say they've got to make an example out of us, even me.

Troy: Oh dang, how old were you when this happened ?

You: I was 8, so we get up there on top of this large wooden stage with nooses hanging from it. They put us in and dropped us one by one while spouting some bible verse bullshit to the crowd.

You: And then it was my turn, I was crying and blubbering of course I was 8 years old and about to be hung, and right as they drop me an arrow comes soaring over the crowd and hits the rope holding me up.

You: The Pagan Knights had come to raid the city to free some prisoners, surprisingly not me or the other men, and hit my noose by accident.

Troy: Seriously ? You were right this is does sound like a load.

You: I'm dead serious Troy, I ran up to them asking them to take me back to Daesfield all crying and snotting up and I still got the noose loop around my neck. a lot of people in Pagan society use fake names as a sort of cultural thing, I never learned why really, and people just stuck me with Gallows. Bothered me at first but I learned to like it.

Troy: Damn, survivin' a raid like that would probably fuck up most children mentally

You: It's one of the few things that's made me despise the church so I guess it did a little. The funny part is when I was riding back with the Knights non of them had bows or arrows, so I always had this feeling someone inside of the city saved me...but probably not.

You: It's getting late, we should probably hit the sack.
>>
No. 807214 ID: 91ee5f

>>807201
Yeah, let's get some sleep.
>>
No. 807219 ID: 8a947d
File 149714317530.png - (2.96KB , 1212x826 , Something Wicked.png )
807219

...
>>
No. 807221 ID: 8a947d
File 149714322717.png - (9.45KB , 1212x826 , Something Wicked 2.png )
807221

something's not right...
>>
No. 807222 ID: 8a947d
File 149714330747.png - (43.54KB , 1212x826 , Something Wicked 3.png )
807222

This constant feeling of dread that weighs on you even while you sleep.
>>
No. 807223 ID: 9b20d1

When has anything ever been right?
>>
No. 807224 ID: 8a947d
File 149714344365.png - (219.89KB , 1212x826 , Something Wicked 4.png )
807224

Premonitions of terrors that are to come that you barely remember come morning. You feel something crawling at the back of your mind.
>>
No. 807225 ID: 8a947d
File 149714350470.png - (205.26KB , 1212x826 , Something Wicked 5.png )
807225

something is definitely not right.
>>
No. 807226 ID: 8a947d
File 149714376287.png - (204.59KB , 1212x826 , Something Wicked 6.png )
807226

You startle awake with a very loud yelp waking Issei and Troy as well.

Troy: Christ man, whats the matter ?

You: It's not dead! that worm it's still alive.

Issei: that's very unlikely, troy crushed that thing. Even if it were alive we're safe on top of this mesa, we have nothing to worry about.

Troy: Yeah Gallows its an issue for the morning, go back to sleep.
>>
No. 807227 ID: 3ce125

>>807226
Go to the edge of the mesa and look towards where you fought it. Is it trying to climb up?
>>
No. 807229 ID: d2a32f

Don't you have to kill every segment of a worm to make it actually die?
>>
No. 807230 ID: 91ee5f

>>807226
I guess you'd better use Aether Sight and look at the ground everywhere. Because this worm might be digging straight up through the rock!
>>
No. 807234 ID: fc33ea

Listen Very quietly and carefully before you try aether sight.
>>
No. 807235 ID: 3ce125

Let's... hold off on the Aether Sight unless it's absolutely necessary.
>>
No. 807241 ID: 8a947d
File 149714989005.png - (91.92KB , 1212x826 , Returned Deathworm 1.png )
807241

>>807227
>>807234
There's nothing out the way you came there no worm trails, no tremors going off, you don't even hear the worm burrowing anywhere; it's quiet. The silence rings in your ears punctuating the loud beating of your heart as the constant feeling of dread looms over you.

>>807229
That may be true for a real worm, but something brought about with voodoo may not work the same way as beings from the real world.
>>
No. 807246 ID: 3ce125

Check the other sides of the mesa.

...it'd be pretty nasty if it shrank down in response to damage, so it's the size of a snake now and is planning to attack you while everyone sleeps. Maybe you three should organize a watch schedule.
>>
No. 807250 ID: 91ee5f

>>807241
Uhhh, is it just me or is there a weird looking black dot floating behind Issei over there?
>>
No. 807251 ID: 8a947d
File 149715210015.png - (266.28KB , 1212x826 , Returned Deathworm 2 (Drrrrrrrrrrrr).png )
807251

>>807246
Could it be possible for it to shrink down ? Its not out of the question given how little you now about voodoo creatures. You move around to the other sides of the mesa, but don't see much else.

You listen closer, there's a low humming noise in the air but you still can't feel anything below you. There shouldn't be anything digging underneath you anyway that worm burrows in the sand not in rock.

Despite the idea that you're safe you still get the feel that something may be creeping up to you. You stay on your toes and ready yourself. (Success=8)
(Roll 1d6 adding 4 from your AGILITY)

And If you can't dodge it you ready your knife in case you need to strike at anything. (Success= 12)
(Roll 1d6 adding 5 from SKILL and 3 from STRENGTH)
>>
No. 807252 ID: fc33ea

>something brought about with voodoo may not work the same way as beings from the real world.
Well then step away from the ledge. Try to calm yourself down by looking at stars.
>>
No. 807253 ID: 3abd97

>very unlikely it's not dead
We've already seen that voodoo lets things not stay dead, sometimes.

...if it were a proper sandworm, it would have dissolved into a whole swarm of sandtrout.

Aether sight, maybe?
>>
No. 807254 ID: 3abd97

rolled 3 + 4 = 7

>Roll 1d6 adding 4 from your AGILITY
>>
No. 807255 ID: 3abd97

rolled 4 + 8 = 12

>Roll 1d6 adding 5 from SKILL and 3 from STRENGTH
>>
No. 807262 ID: 91ee5f

>>807255
Let's use this roll and strike! Call the others!
>>
No. 807346 ID: 8a947d
File 149721404596.png - (334.34KB , 1212x826 , Returned Deathworm 3 (Grooooooooorrrrrrrrrr).png )
807346

>>807254
You don't hear it burrowing, you don't hear rock give as it bursts through the mesa's top all you hear is the monstrous groaning noise it makes as it makes it lunges towards you, though you're not fast enough to dodge it...
>>
No. 807347 ID: 8a947d
File 149721412240.png - (251.78KB , 1212x826 , Returned Deathworm 4.png )
807347

You do manage to duck in time and slash at it's face, knocking it of its path towards you and sending it over the mesa's edge.
>>
No. 807357 ID: b0784e

CAN YOU FLY YOU SUCKER!?
>>
No. 807358 ID: 91ee5f

Issei! Troy! It's back!
>>
No. 807368 ID: 8a947d
File 149722323611.png - (135.84KB , 1212x826 , Returned Deathworm 5.png )
807368

>>807357
You look down over the edge of the mesa the worm is gone, there are no holes in the ground indicating it's burrowed away.

>>807358
You're sure they saw what went down.

Troy: I-It came up through the rocks !

Issei: it seems it can burrow through rocks as well...

You: No. Look there's no hole in the ground where it came up from, it hasn't been burrowing at all this whole time. It just phased through through the ground !

Issei: but those tremors from earlier

Troy: Just tremors, the worm wasn't causing them.

You: That means we aren't safe here. The worms already on the move again and since we have no way of feeling where it is we need to get out of here fast.

Issei: i'm grabbing our supplies

Troy: Gallows help me get the horses ready!
>>
No. 807369 ID: b0784e

Sounds like we are on a manhunt, if we find the guy that summoned the worm and kill him, we won't have any
more trouble with it. And luckily we have the best tracker around.
"Issei, what wickedness do you smell around here?"
>>
No. 807374 ID: 3ce125

I bet the tremors were from the worm disturbing other creatures within the sand. That means you will get more warning on sand than rock.

Let's get a move on.

>>807369
Interesting idea. I wonder if the hunter-killer hawk would work here?
>>
No. 807375 ID: 3abd97

>>807368
That thing can move pretty quick. You couldn't outrun it before.

We could make a stand, but we'd need a way to hurt it to do so.
>>
No. 807379 ID: fe7355

>>807375
The Black Ice did harm the skull-worm. Take a look at the picture of it trying to jump Gallows. There's a chunk of its skull smashed in where the Black Ice hit. So we do have a means to harm it. Question is, can Tory generate enough Black Ice, and can Gallows stay away long enough to beat the skull-worm in with it.

The skull-worm seems to be intent on chasing Gallows, so if he could keep moving while Tory summons up Black Ice chunks to chuck at the worm, that might work. We got any ways to speed up Gallows or increase his evasion capability other than him riding a horse?

Gallows could also activate Aether Sight to call out where the skull-worm will emerge from the ground so Tory can aim at it.
>>
No. 807381 ID: 91ee5f

>>807368
Do you think you could hit it with a Stun Spike? do you think a Stun Spike could affect it? If it could be stunned, then Troy could more easily smash it's head in!

Question is, do you have the blood necessary to use Stun Spike?
>>
No. 807383 ID: fe7355

>>807381
Oh, bollocks, I completely forgot about the Stun Spike. Yeah, bait it into position and try and zap it. Just keep in mind it might not be effected as well as a physical being would.
>>
No. 807384 ID: 8a947d
File 149723683932.png - (209.90KB , 1212x826 , Returned Deathworm 6.png )
807384

>>807369
Issei breathes in the air.
Issei: there's no one around, that worm's not being controlled. in fact i'm sure it's exclusively after you roland.

You: What? How can you be sure ?

Issei: it's just a hunch, but the way it went for you first instead of me and troy. we were much closer together and next to the horses even.

Issei: if it wanted food 5 unalert targets would've been better than one aware and ready.

Troy: That's good means we don't all have to worry about it attacking us.

Issei: but its still going to try and get roland

You: That's even better, it means I can lead it away while Troy hits it again with Jet Black.

You: I'll use my Stun Spike ritual to catch it off-guard and you'll drop another chunk of black ice on it.

After sleeping a little and eating at the camp you 're at around 15 oz and 1 Liter (49 oz) of blood to spare, Stun Spike takes half a liter of blood to cast (about 17 oz) and if you want to check for the worm's presence with Aether Sight you'll have to spend 10 oz of blood and 5 more ounces for each minute its active.
>>
No. 807387 ID: 91ee5f

>>807384
Again, I must ask: Troy, how are you staying so calm around Issei? I expected him to freak out by now!
>>
No. 807398 ID: 8a947d
File 149724507764.png - (275.12KB , 1212x826 , Returned Deathworm 7.png )
807398

>>807387
Troy seems like a pretty laid back guy, that and you're pretty sure he's gotten use to Issei by now. Issei opened his weird face mouth thing like ten different ways on the ride over here.

Troy grabs one of the horses by their reigns.

Troy: C'mon lets book it before that Skullworm comes back!
>>
No. 807399 ID: 8a947d
File 149724512123.png - (294.64KB , 1212x826 , Returned Deathworm 7_5.png )
807399

You reach for the horses reign- OH SHIT!
>>
No. 807400 ID: 464660

>>807399
Oh crap... okay... soooo...

Stun spike?
>>
No. 807404 ID: 3ce125

>>807399
Well at least you have animal viscera now.

Stun Spike it so Troy can smash it again.
>>
No. 807428 ID: 91ee5f

>>807398
>Troy seems like a pretty laid back guy, that and you're pretty sure he's gotten use to Issei by now.
I know, but I was kinda expecting at least one "OH SHIT!" from Troy.

>>807399
>OH SHIT!
Yeah, like tha- OH SHIT!

Stun Spike it!
>>
No. 807535 ID: 8a947d
File 149731222847.png - (327.86KB , 1212x826 , Skullworm 2.png )
807535

You line up Stun Spike and fire it at the Skullworm, the blast knocks you off balance but hits the worm center mass.
>>
No. 807537 ID: 8a947d
File 149731262495.png - (278.12KB , 1212x826 , Skullworm 1.png )
807537

The worm's movement is slowed, it twitches erratically. It doesn't seem like the Skullworm can burrow right now but it's still able to move its body, it must be too big to be fully effected by Stun Spike!

The worm lunges at you once again! You could try firing another shot, after that last blast you have 32 oz of blood left, but you're not sure if any more shots would do any more, you could summon something if you have to.

Troy prepares Jet Black
>>
No. 807539 ID: 3237f3

It's already moving predictably. Dooooodge!
>>
No. 807541 ID: 9876c4

Letting a summon deal with this is definitely reasonable.

Is Issei a credible enough threat to screen you while you do?
>>
No. 807544 ID: 3ce125

How about we go back to the classic Flagellum? That should be enough to go toe to toe with this thing, and we have the viscera. Reflective items are pretty easy to come by, too.
>>
No. 807550 ID: 464660

>>807544
Jeffery Cuddle-Trousers, I CHOOSE YOU!
>>
No. 807565 ID: 8a947d
File 149732349102.png - (390.16KB , 1212x826 , Skullworm 3.png )
807565

>>807544
>>807550
You don't have anything reflective to use as a catalyst and summon the Demon Flagellum! The Hunter-Killer Hawk is the only demon you're able to summon at the moment.

The Skullworm lurches forward at you, but Issei pushes you out of the way and catches the worm's face holding the whole thing in place. Issei struggles but thanks the the Stun Spike the worm is greatly impaired.
>>
No. 807566 ID: 8a947d
File 149732392415.png - (373.12KB , 1212x826 , Skullworm 4.png )
807566

Troy: Issei! Gallows! Stand back!

Troy fires a barrage of black icicles all hitting the worm square in the side, they lack the weight or size to crush the worms body but do inflict a nice amount of damage. The Skullworm backs off and phases back down into the mesa.

You pick up the Horses Head.

Troy: Damn, now we're down a horse! this is gettin' worse by the minute.

You: We can't stay in one place, that worm may be gone for now but it will come back, it came back when you caved its skull in and it'll come back from some pain in its side.
>>
No. 807568 ID: 3ce125

Hmm... is the hawk big enough to carry you? The worm can't follow you into the sky.
>>
No. 807575 ID: 464660

>>807568
Couldn't we also summon up our gluttonous arachnid to give us a ride?
>>
No. 807576 ID: 3ce125

>>807575
We don't have the shards. We have 1 crystal shard and 3 obsidian shards. I guess we could try substituting obsidian in, but we don't know if that would make a good mount.
>>
No. 807638 ID: 8a947d
File 149735181586.png - (180.31KB , 1212x826 , Hunter Killer Hawk Summon.png )
807638

>>807568
A Hunter-Killer Hawk isn't big, but it is strong enough to carry you through the air.

>>807576
>>807575
You don't have time to experiment with different summoning substitutions ! If you don't hurry that worm will come back around and get all of you!

You: Issei, Troy, ride out without me I'll catch up to you guys.

Troy: You sure Gallows ? We don't know when that worms gonna be back

You: I'll be fine, you're in more danger if you're near me when it comes back.

You prepare the Symbol on the Magnifying Glass, the feather, a chunk of horse meat, and one obsidian shard.
>>
No. 807639 ID: 8a947d
File 149735186903.png - (209.82KB , 1212x826 , Hunter Killer Hawk.png )
807639

You've summoned the Hunter-Killer Hawk!

Now you've gotta get of the ground fast before the worm strikes again...
>>
No. 807640 ID: b27cac

Is the hawk big enough to get you off the ground?
>>
No. 807656 ID: 138130

>>807640
Did you not read on what he just said?
>>
No. 807658 ID: b27cac

>>807656
Clearly I did not.
>>
No. 807710 ID: 3583d1

That solves, one problem...

How nimble is this thing in the air if its carrying you? If this worm comes back I think I have a plan, but it requires our new friend, I think I'll name it Petey McBeaky, to be faster than that worm.
>>
No. 807712 ID: 3ce125

>>807639
Do a running jump off the side of the mesa!
>>
No. 807749 ID: 3abd97

>>807639
Flying cucco, away!
>>
No. 807753 ID: 8a947d
File 149739673243.png - (97.56KB , 1212x826 , Take Flight.png )
807753

>>807710
It'll be a little slowed down by holding you, but it'll still be fast enough to out maneuver the Skullworm.

>>807712
>>807749
You leap off of the mesa and have the Hawk fly you into the air. You fly behind of Troy and Issei at a safe distance so the worm will not target them as well.
At the height you are at you won't be able to listen for the slight humming noise the worm makes when phasing through the ground.
>>
No. 807755 ID: 8a947d
File 149739791460.png - (406.98KB , 1212x826 , Skullworm 5.png )
807755

You can hear the agonized groan it makes as it emerges to grab you in mid air! The worm is large enough to grab out of the air, but you should be AGILE enough to dodge it, especially while riding the Hunter Killer Hawk.

Roll 1d6 adding 4 from AGILITY and 2 from riding the Hunter Killer Hawk (Success = 10) You will avoid being attacked but the worm will continue to follow you if you succeed the roll

Or you can attempt to hit it with another Stun Spike to stop it for a little, this will also allow you and Troy to advance with another follow up attack. Hitting a Stun Spike will be difficult however, last time it knocked you off your and aiming will be even harder mid air

Roll 1d6 adding 5 from SKILL but subtracting 2 from riding the Hunter Killer Hawk (Success = 9) Rolling this will force you into combat with the worm instead of running even if you fail.

You can only choose one roll.
>>
No. 807757 ID: 3abd97

rolled 1 + 6 = 7

>>807755
Not sure we can afford the additional blood loss from stun spike, and losing our grip from light headedness would be bad.

Let's go with plan A.
>>
No. 807761 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 2 + 6 = 8

>Roll 1d6 adding 4 from AGILITY and 2 from riding the Hunter Killer Hawk (Success = 10)
Dodge!
>>
No. 807763 ID: 91ee5f

>>807761
FUCK!!! DX
>>
No. 807764 ID: 3ce125

Well, time to see what a failed combat roll does, I guess.
>>
No. 807769 ID: 8a947d
File 149740040487.png - (270.53KB , 1212x826 , Skullworm 6png.png )
807769

The Hawk is too bogged down by your weight to weave out of the worms path. The worm doesn't catch you in its mouth but it does hit you and the Hunter Killer Hawk hard enough to knock you out of the air.

You hit the ground, hard. One of your legs is hurt bad, but not broken. Your Hawk is still present but is injured as well. you see the worm phase back into the ground, no doubt coming back to finish you off. You see Troy's horse in the distance stop and circle around to come back for you, you hear the gentle humming in the ground.
>>
No. 807771 ID: 8d4593

Get up and put your weight on your good leg. Arcane sight and be ready to jump away.
>>
No. 807780 ID: 8a947d
File 149740272580.png - (103.12KB , 1212x826 , Skullworm 7.png )
807780

>>807771
You balance yourself on your good leg and activate Aether Sight (32oz==> 22oz) you see the worm below you circling around your location getting closer as it spirals. Troy is getting closer calling out to you, and the worm is starting to advance on you.
>>
No. 807783 ID: 3ce125

>>807771
Yeah, but we need to kill it this time. Troy needs to build up a big piece of black ice again, and Roland needs to lure the worm into the trap.
>>
No. 807784 ID: fa8f9d

Can we use the hawk as a kind of boost? Like letting us jump to the side at a good distance? Think of a cucco.
>>
No. 807787 ID: 91ee5f

>>807780
Can you point at the worm so the Troy will know where to aim? That way there will be an ice spike waiting for it when it comes up!

Another thought is: Does its tail continuously go down or is its tail coming from a certain direction? Could you possibly follow it's tail all the way back to its summoner and kill him/her? Or will the worm not disappear like that because it's a voodoo summon?
>>
No. 807831 ID: 8a947d
File 149741604316.png - (166.12KB , 1212x826 , Skullworm 8.png )
807831

Troy hops off his horse and stands by you, you point out where the Skullworm is underground and tell Troy its location.

You: Troy! We have to get out of here!

Troy: We can't keep runnin' Gallows, now's a great time to strike we know where it is and what to do!

Troy: Just stand still Gallow's, I got this.
>>
No. 807832 ID: 8a947d
File 149741613405.png - (331.95KB , 1212x826 , Skullworm 9.png )
807832

The Worm begins to surface, you can see it heading right towards you and Troy
>>
No. 807833 ID: 8a947d
File 149741622142.png - (278.68KB , 1212x826 , Skullworm 10.png )
807833

The Skullworm lunges

You hear Troy whisper behind you

Troy: JET BLACK
>>
No. 807835 ID: 8a947d
File 149741648130.png - (310.09KB , 1212x826 , Skullworm Skewer.png )
807835

Black ice spikes emerge from the ground and skewer the Skullworm's body. It squirms on top of the icicles but after a while becomes still and starts to evaporate into purple vapor. All thats left is a human skull etched with voodoo markings.

Troy: After I saw you fall I knew the worm would come for ya again, so I knew exactly where it'd be.

Troy: Makin' bigger chunks of black ice takes longer, so I started growin' some under the sand near you and waited.

Troy: it's as simple as that!
>>
No. 807836 ID: 464660

Is it though...?

Better to a double tap to make sure.
>>
No. 807837 ID: 91ee5f

>>807835
>All thats left is a human skull etched with voodoo markings.
Let's smash that to make sure it stays down!

"And stay down you..." *stomp* "ugly..." *stomp* "mother..." *stomp* "fucker!" *stomp* *stomp* *stomp*

And when we catch up with Issei, say to him, "Hey, Issei, promise me that when we find out who summoned that thing, you'll eat him or her and make it as painful as possible for them."
>>
No. 807840 ID: 3ce125

>>807835
Break the skull. Then keep the bone, it'll be useful for summoning.
>>
No. 807842 ID: a3a58b

There is no kill like overkill.
>>
No. 807854 ID: 8a947d
File 149742890417.png - (202.64KB , 973x826 , Skullworm End.png )
807854

You crush the skull underfoot and pick up three Runic Skull Shards.
>>
No. 807855 ID: 8a947d
File 149742898281.png - (216.88KB , 1212x826 , Next Stop New Olmec.png )
807855

You: Issei, if we find the guy who summoned this please make sure you eat him, slowly.

You: I'm not sure who's sent the Skullworm but I don't think we should make anymore stops.

Troy: You're right, We don't know what else could be out here...

Issei: I'm ready to get out of the desert, the dry air is irritating my throat.

You: No complaints then ? Good.

You: Next stop: New Olmec.

End Chapter 3
>>
No. 807872 ID: 91ee5f

>>807855
Victory!
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password