[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 813990)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 149955630523.png - (108.37KB , 1212x826 , Title Card 2.png )
813990 No. 813990 ID: 8a947d

High and a winner, pay the front line, take the don'ts.
He's Coming out again for a new point,
Get your bets now ladies and gentlemen.
Four four the point's marked four,
Ace Duce craps wants the four,


Wiki: https://tgchan.org/wiki/D3Quest
Expand all images
>>
No. 813991 ID: 8a947d
File 149955655942.png - (95.34KB , 1212x826 , New Day.png )
813991

You wish you could wake up in a soft bed to the smell of fresh coffee more often, wishful thinking.

You walk down the hallway into the kitchen where Bridgette's made a new pot of coffee.

Bridgette: Good morning Gallows. Sleep well ?

You: Better than I have in months, wheres troy and Issei ?

Bridgette: Troy's visiting his sister in the hospital and Issei's...somewhere ? He just sort of left and I didn't even notice.

You: Yeah he does that. So we're heading over today ?

Bridgette: Yup, we'll right now, unless you have something else to do.
>>
No. 813993 ID: 91ee5f

Fooooood! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! It's easier to think clearly when your stomach ain't empty!
>>
No. 813996 ID: 094652

Just be on the lookout of the families of the thralls you gleefully butchered in self-defense...
>>
No. 814025 ID: 3abd97

I need a new hat, I think.
>>
No. 814029 ID: 9876c4

>>813996
It wasn't glee! More like "reckless abandon"!

>>814025
Let's be a boy in da hood again.
>>
No. 814032 ID: efcc58

Does Bridgette have a cool Pagan nickname?
>>
No. 814033 ID: 8a947d
File 149956365232.png - (34.81KB , 1212x826 , a long walk.png )
814033

>>813993
Bridgette hands you a folded piece of bread with egg and sausage in the middle

Bridgette: We can eat and walk this way.

>>814025
>>814029
You: I need some new clothes, the ones I have now are starting to get worn out

Bridgette: There should be some at the colony... y'know colony's sort of a bad word for it, it's more of a...station ? or maybe shelter. You'll see what I mean when we get there.

You and Bridgette head out. New Olmec really is a beautiful city when it's not shrouded in madness. A few people are walking the streets now, people are fixing broken windows or cleaning graffiti, things are much more lively. New Olmec is a church ruled city, but you don't see any guards or church officials. Better for you anyway.
>>
No. 814034 ID: 8a947d
File 149956396084.png - (69.82KB , 1212x826 , a dark alley way.png )
814034

Bridgette leads you into an alleyway. The two of you walk up to a man standing next to a door.

Bridgette: Hey Chopper, you still working today?

Chopper: Ey someone's gotta, a little mind numbin' insanity won't stop me...who's ya pal?

Bridgette: He needs to talk to the Heads.

Bridgette takes your arm and rolls up your sleeve showing your tattoo. Chopper nods and takes a key shaped like a heretics fork out of his pocket and pops it into the doors keyhole. He twists the key left three times and right once and opens the door for you.

Inside a stair well leads down into a swirling red and blue void
>>
No. 814036 ID: 8a947d
File 149956427796.png - (252.56KB , 1212x826 , The Lounge.png )
814036

As you walk down the stairs the void begins to part slightly. giving way to what looks like a hotel lobby. Other people sit at tables enjoying drinks and talking. Outside the window the same swirling void floats.

Bridgette: Welcome to The Lounge. In a city filled with people that want to kill us, we need a place where we can rest and relax.

Bridgette: Through that door is more rooms, some for staying in and some for games. Further in the Heads should be discussing recent events.

Bridgette: My husbands probably in here too somewhere. Lets go.
>>
No. 814041 ID: 4dd5b9

>>814036
Ask if there's a waystone here.
>>
No. 814055 ID: 094652

More stat boosting food please.
>>
No. 814056 ID: 91ee5f

>>814033
>I need some new clothes, the ones I have now are starting to get worn out.
>There should be some at the colony.
Don't worry, I'm sure they've got something that'll fit your feminine curves! They might even have a new dress for you to wear as a disguise! XD

>>814034
>a little mind numbin' insanity won't stop me
So I guess that means even the Pagans that were actually here in the Lounge still got affected, right? I thought they'd be safe while they were down here, but I guess not.

>>814036
>Further in the Heads should be discussing recent events.
Think we should tell them that you, Issei, and Troy are responsible for fixing what happened? They might be more inclined to listen to what you've gotta say.

And I'm kinda curious on how long ago this all started. Troy said he suddenly lost contact with his sister, but he never said how long ago that was. As far as we know, this could've been going on for a whole week or something! Maybe we should ask how long ago this started?

Also, because I'm curious also, I'd like this: >>814032 , to be asked/answered!

>>814041
This.
>>
No. 814061 ID: 8a947d
File 149956921762.png - (81.61KB , 1212x826 , The Heads.png )
814061

>>814041
You: There are Waystones here right ?

Bridgette: Uhhh, down...that way I think. I don't have a Waykey so I never use em.

You: Hmmm...Hey Bridgette did you get a pagan name since I last saw you

Bridgette: yeah but I don't use it very much, "Bloom" on account of the plants I grow. Not as great as "Gallows" though

>>814055
You can Waystone to Lucc's Inn and eat after you talk to the heads.

The Lounge is pretty large from what you've seen of it. There are elevators and stairs leading up to other floors. Obviously some sort of space time ritual was used to make this place. Bridgette stops in front of a pair of double doors and places her hand on the plaque in front of it.

Bridgette: This is the room. They know you have business here right?

You: Yes, they should.

You walk forward and push the door open. Inside a few of the Pagan Heads are arguing, Bridgette whispers to you that the masked one is Pensword and the hooded one's Flint.

Pensword: I'm not saying we need to take any drastic measures but-

Flint: Well I am! We were grossly unprepared for whatever bullshit went down last night. We've been so busy trying to deal with The Church that we've been ignoring defenses against-

Pensword: Wait...We have company. Bloom, and this must be Gallows. What did you have that was so important ? We're in the middle of something.
>>
No. 814065 ID: 780a88

>>814061
Just here to check in and maybe get a change of atire.
>>
No. 814068 ID: b1b4f3

>>814061
Azerite.
>>
No. 814074 ID: 91ee5f

>>814061
>We were grossly unprepared for whatever bullshit went down last night.
You might want to inform them that it's actually been a few days since New Olmec lost contact with other cities.

People stopped trading goods out of town, anyone that went into town to trade never came back out, friends and family lost contact with anyone they knew that lived here. Things like that take more than 1 night to happen.

>What did you have that was so important? We're in the middle of something.
With an attitude like that, they may not listen to you until you give them a reason to listen.

Maybe now would be a good time to mention how you and your friends are the reason everything is back to normal? They might even give you a reward of some kind for helping out!
>>
No. 814075 ID: fe7355

Close the doors so nobody hears outside this room, then say "Azerite" as you pull it out for them to see. Besides that you have all you know of what it was that caused the madness in New Olmec and what went down last night with you and your companions to stop it to share.

And you have a request for help against a voodoo gang out of Itsdin that's been hounding your ass since you fought and beat them.
>>
No. 814082 ID: 8a947d
File 149957247593.png - (111.20KB , 1212x826 , The Heads 2.png )
814082

The Head Pagans of the New Olmec Colony all sit in the room. All but one stare at you.

You: Well, I have a little information on what went down here.

Pensword: Oh really? What could you possibly tell us?

You: Well for starters, it wasn't just one night. I'd say it was about one or two weeks when it was at its peak.

Bridgette: He's right, it was much longer than a single night.

You: And secondly some older being called Veacriel caused it.

Flint: What for ? Did it have any agenda or plan ?

You: Nope, it didn't do any of it on purpose.

Pensword: Oh Bullshit. You're telling use that some ancient god-like being sunk our whole city into madness for weeks by accident ?

You: Hurricanes don't intend to destroy they just do, Pensword. My friends and I helped end it before things got out of hand, but that's not why I'm here.
>>
No. 814087 ID: 8a947d
File 149957327539.png - (158.71KB , 1212x826 , The Heads 3.png )
814087

You pull out the Azerite Chunk.

You: This is why I'm here.

Flint: H-How ?

You: That's not important. What's important is what I intend to use it for.

Red Hat:...And what are you going to use it for then?

You: I was told that you four may have a method of using this to restart the world...Is that true.

Pensword:...

Red Jacket: It's possible, but it's a theory. We aren't sure it'll work, but we've never had that much Azerite to try it.

Flint: Even if you did go out to do it, I doubt you'd make it far.

You:... and why's that?

Flint: Because I can tell you're not prepared. I'm the Head Summoner of this council and I can just look at you and see that you aren't ready. I don't mean to be rude, I'm stating the facts.

You: I've been through plenty, I can handle this.

Flint: Do you know any summons above level 3, Do you know how to Instant Summon ? or even how to preform a Domain Leak? There's a lot you don't know about Summoning, the fact that you mostly rely on summons in the first place shows it. I mean how efficient is it to wait 5 or 10 minutes in the middle of a fight to summon a Demon Flagellum ?
>>
No. 814094 ID: 780a88

>>814087
5 or 10 minutes... They just sort of appear when I have the stuff for them. First time I summoned one it took less than one minute.

As for summons I've gotten as far as level 2. And again, they just seem to come when I summon them, provided I have the necessary reagents for them. But that's why I'm glad I'm here, I can always learn, I'm a fast learner.
>>
No. 814099 ID: 91ee5f

>>814087
Hey, wait a minute! There's a chunk missing! Was it always shaped like that or did that crazy fucker Talo actually manage to use a little of it before you stopped him?!

>Not ready.
He's got a point, you know.

And to be honest, even though you and your friends managed to fight Talo and his followers without really getting hurt too much, you only managed to do that because of your friends. If you had come here without either Issei or Troy, you would've been mind raped and you'd still be like that right now, along with everyone in New Olmec.

You need to get stronger before you even try attempting to reset the world.

>Do you know any summons above level 3? Do you know how to Instant Summon? Or even how to preform a Domain Leak?
For example, those sound very helpful. Where do we sign up to learn those?

>I mean how efficient is it to wait 5 or 10 minutes in the middle of a fight to summon a Demon Flagellum?
"Hey! I may be inexperienced, like you said, but I'm at least smart enough to summon before I get into a fight! But, I see your point and I guess you're right, I ain't ready. You wouldn't happen to know where I could go in order to get ready, would you?"
>>
No. 814102 ID: 094652

"I butchered Talo and his party of six professionals, I can handle a crash course into a mountain."
>>
No. 814104 ID: 8a947d
File 149957519262.png - (92.05KB , 1212x826 , The Heads 4.png )
814104

>>814094
You: Summons don't...take 5 or 10 minutes, in fact they actually just appear instantly when I have the stuff for them.

Flint: What do you mean?

Pensword: Oh don't be stupid Flint look at his bandages, he's a rune child.

You: A what?

Flint: Sometimes when a pagan child is born they have a large amount of Aether Energy in their body, so much that is has to be sealed behind runes. These runes suppress your power for a large amount of your life so it doesn't hurt you, and as you grow your power steadily grows too.

Pensword: By age 20 your power would have reached its peak. Rune Children have lots of energy but they only really excel in one area. For you its summoning.

Flint: Despite that there's still a lot you don't know.

You: Yeah well...Why don't you show me huh ? I mean I did kinda end all the craziness and manage to grab a huge chunk of Azerite by myself.

Red Hat: He's right, he's inexperienced but I'd day he has potential.

Flint: Well that's Poker's vote...Pensword ? Rose ?

Rose: I'm always up for more Pagans that know what their doing.

Pensword: As long as it doesn't interfere with our work than fine.

Flint: Well than, you're in luck Gallows. I might be able to teach you some stuff so you don't die on your first day on the job. Now follow me.

Flint leads you out of the conference room and down the hallway. Bridgette's walking away with Poker, guess he's her husband.
>>
No. 814115 ID: 9b20d1

How about those new close first? Could maybe one of our arms be sleeveless without the runes being to jarring? Or would that be to obvious? I just think a cool exposed tatted arm would be cool
>>
No. 814117 ID: e7bd79

>>814115
I for one think it would be a better idea to make sure no one sees the runes. Also gallows here is being led by a top dog of this colony. I don't think he would like us to just start clothes shopping.
>>
No. 814118 ID: 780a88

Woohoo! Let's learn some shit!
>>
No. 814120 ID: 91ee5f

>>814104
>By age 20 your power would have reached its peak.
I wonder.....Roland, how old are you?

>Bridgette's walking away with Poker, guess he's her husband.
So the guy in the red hat is her husband, huh?

Looks like she married a guy in a seat of power. Good for her! We'll probably end up chatting with him some more if we ever head back to Bridgette's house.

>>814117
You're right, he wouldn't like that.

>>814118
Damnit, you beat me to it! I was gonna say that!
>>
No. 814122 ID: b1b4f3

>>814104
Ask how things have been in the colony.
>>
No. 814126 ID: 91ee5f

>>814120
Also,
>he's a rune child.
>A what?
HOW ARE YOU JUST NOW FINDING OUT ABOUT THIS?!?!

Didn't the guys that put those runes on you tell you?!
>>
No. 814128 ID: 8a947d
File 149958095880.png - (107.73KB , 1212x826 , Training.png )
814128

>>814126
You: Why do I not know about the Rune Child thing ?

Flint: Lots of parents and Head Pagans feel that telling you at a young age could effect your childhood, but you should've been informed earlier, how old are you anyway.

You: 25

Flint: Yikes, someone didn't do their job.

Flint leads you down a few flights of stairs into a room full of books and candles.

Flint: This is where I'd train new arrivals. You already know summoning basics so, I'll skip most of that stuff.

Flint: First thing I want to address is your connection to the world around you. It's important to be able to perceive things well enough that you can get a firm grasp on any concept you come across, not just summoning.

Flint: So before we do anything else I'm going to teach you how better assess elements and traits in world, including the traits and elements of yourself.

You: What do you mean exactly ?

Flint: I mean as you are now you don't correctly measure the abilities and limits of you and the people around you. As it is now you don't properly address your skills and use them well enough, so I'm going to show you how.
>>
No. 814129 ID: 094652

>Bridgette married Poker
Hold up, are they naming their next kid Texas?
>>
No. 814131 ID: 8a947d
File 149958135638.png - (247.81KB , 1212x826 , New Stats.png )
814131

Flint: Currently you measure your Mental capacity in WIT yes ? But also describe WIT is the intake and use of information.

Flint: The Intake of information would better be described as PERCEPTION and the use of information as INTELLIGENCE. Both of which seem to be your best traits.

Flint: Your STRENGTH is your physical prowess when exerting force, but when receiving damage or physical ailments ENDURANCE would be best used to measure it.

Flint: And finally, you have another trait that some would consider the most important in any person. I'm talking about LUCK. Sometimes all you need is to get lucky once to succeed.
>>
No. 814133 ID: 8a947d
File 149958178011.png - (142.09KB , 1212x826 , Rolands Sheet.png )
814133

Flint: Along with these personal measurements of ability comes your Skills and Traits.

Flint: These will in turn affect your personal abilities. From the looks of it your skills and traits are...

Skills:

[Pistols 1] (+2 to rolls involving pistols)
[Summoning 2] (+5 When making a roll with a summoned creature)
[Speech 1] (+2 to rolls involving talking or speech)

Traits:

[Cyclops] (You cannot critically fail a perception roll, but you can't critically hit either)
[Androgynous] (Look very pretty in a dress, People will not recognize you in feminine clothing or apparel unless you change in front of them)

Flint: Do you understand ?

If you do not like the new stat choices, you can say you don't understand and choose to use the original stat system
>>
No. 814136 ID: 780a88

>>814133
makes sense, but if we do it this way, it would probably be a good idea to make up stat sheets for Troy and Issei should we ever need to play as them again.
>>
No. 814137 ID: 91ee5f

>>814133
>[Feminine Curves] (Look very pretty in a dress, People will not recognize you in feminine clothing or apparel unless you change in front of them)
Fixed that for ya! XD

But seriously, I understand the new stat system.
>>
No. 814138 ID: 91ee5f

>>814137
Also,

>>814136
This.
>>
No. 814139 ID: a2a1bd

I've got no problem using the SPECIAL stat system.
>>
No. 814144 ID: 4dd5b9

Rearrange the stats to S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
Also, you spelled "Endurance" wrong in the image.
>>
No. 814145 ID: 91ee5f

>>814138
>you should've been informed earlier, how old are you anyway?
>Yikes, someone didn't do their job.
Roland, do you know the name of the person that should've told you this? That way you'll know who to yell at next time you meet them!
>>
No. 814150 ID: 8a947d
File 149958769001.png - (107.71KB , 1212x826 , Summoning Techniques.png )
814150

>> pointing out the spelling errors I can't fix anymore
Just for that it's not gonna be SPECIAL, it's gonna be the IPSEACL system now and it's all your fault


>>814136
of course, I have the character sheet template ready for when I make them

You: I understand just fine.

Flint: Good, normally that takes a while for students to learn. Now about your summoning.

Flint: You may be able to summon demons quickly, but it's still only normal summoning. You should learn how to use a different summoning method to make things easier for you.

Flint: Instant Summoning lets you summon demons without reagents or summoning sygils, this is an incredibly powerful technique but it comes at a cost.

Flint: You'll have to use blood instead of ingredients; not just any blood, YOURS. Level 1 summons cost 30 ounces of blood and you only have 68 ounces in your body. Level 2 Summons cost 60, Level 3 Summons cost 90 and so on. Needless to say you probably won't be summoning level 3's with instant summon.

Flint: Fusion Summoning let's you mix two summons together to make a fusion demon. Fusion Summoning requires both of the catalyst materials and half of the reagents from each ritual. Fusion demons are much stronger than regular or instant demons at the cost of more resources for only one demon.

Flint: Which do you want to learn ?
>>
No. 814151 ID: 780a88

Since our actual summoning is fairly on point, I say we do the fusion summoning!
>>
No. 814152 ID: 9876c4

I think Gallows would prefer to keep all of his blood in his own body, so he'd rather learn fusion summoning.
>>
No. 814153 ID: 90f3c0

Fusion Summoning seems more useful.
>>
No. 814154 ID: c68397

I´d say fusion summoning. Mostly because our demons already appear fast. Though we will need a bigger pack four all the reagants and catalysts.
>>
No. 814155 ID: c655d4

>>814150
Fusion Summoning for a main focus, But I would be interested to see if the basics of instant summoning to increase the efficiency of all Summoning.
>>
No. 814161 ID: 094652

Instant summoning, sometimes you just need a single Lv. 1 demon to make or break an encounter. This means you risk losing too much blood, but you can save on materials once a day. Considering how many demons you've summoned since day one...
>>
No. 814162 ID: b27cac

I think instant summoning. Sometimes you just really need a roaming gluttony here right now.
>>
No. 814164 ID: 8d4593

Fusion!
>>
No. 814170 ID: 8a947d
File 149960196337.png - (81.14KB , 1212x826 , New Spells.png )
814170

You: Fusion sounds nice.

Flint: Yeah. It's a personal favorite of mine.

Flint: Alright, a few more lessons and we'll be done. Now Summons are the bread and butter of us Summoners obviously, but you should also make sure to use ritual spells to maximize your effectiveness in combat.

Flint: Empower is exactly what it sounds like, the target gets a large boost of power making the faster and stronger for a little while (+5 AGILITY and STRENGTH for 1 turn [Cost: 10 ounces/ 20 ounces if used on self])

Flint: Calamity Call lets you call down a large pillar of Aether energy to destroy whatever it hits (roll 1d10 for each enemy hit [Cost: 25 ounces])

Flint: We're almost done, which do you want ?
>>
No. 814171 ID: b27cac

I like Empower. Fairly cheap and a credit to team.
>>
No. 814172 ID: 486e87

Empower, we already have Stun Spike and Troy's Jet Black for AoE, and buffs will work well with Issei and our summons.
>>
No. 814179 ID: 91ee5f

>>814170
>Fusion sounds nice.
We could just summon them separately and teach them the DBZ Fusion Dance! FUUUUUU-SION!!! HA!!! XD

>Which spell?
Let's get Empower!

We already know how hard Issei can hit, just imagine the damage he can do after getting a boost from this! Especially, since he's the guy that's been getting all the critical hit rolls!
>>
No. 814263 ID: c1d8eb

Empower
>>
No. 814265 ID: be0718

Empower! Just another step on the path to PERFECT HUGE!
>>
No. 814267 ID: 4dd5b9

>>814170
Empower would be nice, but the cost is a bit high for a single turn buff.
What if you gave it an initial cost of five, but increased the cost by five for every turn it's used in a row?

>>814150
Also, you spelled "sigil" wrong. >:)
>>
No. 814269 ID: d328bb

>>814267
>Also, you spelled "sigil" wrong. >:)
No one cares, especially without an edit function for posts.
>>
No. 814299 ID: 8a947d
File 149963568799.png - (111.36KB , 1026x806 , Summon Pack.png )
814299

You: Empower.

Flint: Nice, that'll work. Now you have one last thing to learn, it's nothing too hard but it's still important.

Flint: Summoning is easier if you take all of your ingredients and combine them before you summon, so if you do need summon you won't have to spend time gathering the reagents up to do it.

Flint: You do this by wrapping the ingredients up along with the catalyst material to make a summon pack. Like these ones.

Flint tosses you a Roaming Gluttony Pack and a Hunter Killer Hawk Pack.

Flint: you can take them apart for their ingredients, but their more effective if you keep them the way they are.

Flint: One last thing, your clothes.

You: Oh yeah, I was wondering if I could get some new ones.
>>
No. 814301 ID: 8a947d
File 149963577354.png - (93.07KB , 1212x826 , Dress Up.png )
814301

Flint opens one of the cabinets in the room

Flint: Don't take too long, were not a clothing shop

Draw in your suggestion
>>
No. 814337 ID: ceb42b

I can't really draw on my phone but anything we choose I really hope has a small component pouch on the inside of the shirt that gives us space to store shards or something
>>
No. 814341 ID: 43bd4e

Pharaoh mummy costume.jpg
>>
No. 814343 ID: 4dd5b9

>>814301
That's such a weird pose. Give me an hour or so.
>>
No. 814348 ID: 3abd97
File 149964402603.png - (71.34KB , 1212x826 , Dressed again.png )
814348

A new twist on a classic.
>>
No. 814353 ID: 91ee5f

>>814348
A new disguise that goes well with his feminine curves! XD
>>
No. 814408 ID: 3ce125

I feel like Gallows might want a proper Summoner's robe though.
>>
No. 814432 ID: 173b46
File 149966012225.png - (149.49KB , 3288x826 , gallowsponcho.png )
814432

I spent too much time on these.
>>
No. 814441 ID: 90f3c0
File 149966145137.png - (122.46KB , 1212x826 , summuner gunslinger.png )
814441

Classic summoner's robe with gunbelt.
>>
No. 814443 ID: fa8f9d

Could we recolor our bandages on our face so they're black? Fits with more outfits
>>
No. 814470 ID: 315280

I like the idea of black bandages, it's spooky
>>
No. 814471 ID: e7bd79

>>814441
I vote for this
>>
No. 814481 ID: 9876c4

>>814441
This, but less purple, more burgundy.
>>
No. 814483 ID: 91ee5f

>>814441
This.

>>814443
>>814470
These.
>>
No. 814492 ID: 315280

>>814432
We need a new hat
>>
No. 814493 ID: 031add

Have you all forgotten the fact that we are trying to HIDE the fact that we are a pagan?
>>
No. 814495 ID: 91ee5f

>>814493
Funny you mention that. Back in thread 1 and 2 he wore a dress, with his bandages in full view, and nobody cared or even noticed he was a Pagan. The only thing they noticed was that he was a woman, which is what he wanted them to see.

Besides, as long as we don't announce that we're Pagan, everyone will just think Roland is some weird guy trying to start a new fashion trend of completely wrapping yourself in bandages.

Also, not all Pagans wrap themselves head to toe in bandages, that's just racist lies told by the Church!
>>
No. 814500 ID: 8a947d
File 149967483188.png - (230.58KB , 1212x1653 , Roland Outfit Draft.png )
814500

I like the poncho/hat and the summoner robes so ya'll mind if I just...

(sorry no black bandages, they just blended in with his face too much.)

>>
No. 814504 ID: 9876c4

Now THAT is a costume upgrade!

you might hate drawing that after about 5 panels
>>
No. 814506 ID: 173b46
File 149967589195.png - (72.79KB , 1212x826 , gallowsponcho2.png )
814506

Shit, fam. I redid the poncho.
>>
No. 814530 ID: 8a947d
File 149969732466.png - (134.56KB , 1212x826 , Directions.png )
814530

Flint: Took ya long enough. Well now you won't die the second you get into trouble, plus you don't look like you were pulled out of a dumpster.

Flint: Now that you're all set and you really want to go through with this. You'll need to get to Adipedi, the continent just above Moree, and if you want to get there it'll be fastest if you go by boat.

Flint: Take the train-rail to Ebony Port, make sure you get on the number 7 train, then once you're there take a boat to Ender Port in Adipedi; look for a man named Anthony Jones, his pagan name is Castle. Tell Castle I sent you and he'll lead you to where you need to be. Get it ?

You: Got it.

Flint: Good. And just so we're clear, there's no real time limit here. I can tell from your eyes your tired as all hell, and the train-rail probably won't be up for a while so you have time to kill.

Flint: You can't reset the world if you die from exhaustion. Good luck Gallows

Flint walks you back to the main lobby of The Lounge. Now you've got your next objective, now would be a good time to reconvene with your friends at Bridgette's house.
>>
No. 814538 ID: 9876c4

We are on the path to an emergency hot springs episode.
Or maybe some sort of sidequest involving stolen reptiles.

But let's take the man's advice and play it low key for awhile.
>>
No. 814540 ID: 91ee5f

Time to meet up with the others and plan out what to do next.
>>
No. 814550 ID: 90f3c0

Return to your companions, rest, discuss plans for the future.
>>
No. 814650 ID: 8a947d
File 149973314867.png - (153.95KB , 1212x826 , Back Home.png )
814650

You return to Bridgette's house, where the rest of your traveling buddies are staying. Troy's pacing the room, smoking a cigarette.

You: Didn't know you smoked Troy.

Troy: Tried to quit, but all this bullshits got me stressin'

Troy: April's gonna be fine but I still feel on edge, I ain't proud to say this is my third cigarette today.
>>
No. 814654 ID: 8a947d
File 149973370457.png - (125.44KB , 1212x826 , Troy's Sheet.png )
814654

Skills:
[Pistols 2](+ 5 to rolls involving pistols)
[Unarmed 1](+ 2 to unarmed rolls)
[Smuggling 1](+2 when sneaking objects)

Traits:
[Prophet](Divine protection. Troy has +5 Endurance against magic attacks, but takes +5 damage from anti-magic or anti-deity sources)
[Good Liar](Troy can make up lies quickly, If a speech roll fails Troy has a chance of stepping in and saving it)
>>
No. 814657 ID: 8a947d
File 149973386748.png - (101.94KB , 1212x826 , Back Home 2.png )
814657

You: Is Bridgette alright with you smoking in here ?

Troy: Her husband offered, and I opened a window.

Issei: the smell is still getting to me. i don't get how anyone can enjoy those things.

Issei sits on the couch reading a book you haven't seen before.

Issei: so, you've visited your pagan colony. what now ?
>>
No. 814659 ID: 8a947d
File 149973417491.png - (134.50KB , 1212x826 , Issei Sheet.png )
814659

Skills:
[Tracking 1](+2 when searching for humans)
[Unarmed 2](+5 to unarmed rolls]
[Intimidation 1](+2 when intimidating somebody)

Traits:
[Long Arms](Issei can use melee attacks from much further away)
[Gun Shy](Issei has almost no knowledge when it comes to guns, -10 to any fire arm roll)
[People Eater](Issei can eat evil and wicked humans to regain 5 health, If anybody see's this they'll react appropriately)
>>
No. 814674 ID: 91ee5f

>So, you've visited your pagan colony. What now?
Explain to them about the destination you were told to go to and how there's no hurry to get there. And since there's no hurry, you feel like taking a little more time to rest would be appropriate and possibly leave by tomorrow morning.

That's the plan for you and Issei anyways. You don't know what Troy's gonna do.

When they ask what you're talking about, explain that Troy really only tagged along to come check on his sister and now that that's done, he doesn't really need to come with us, unless he wants to.

Then ask Troy if he wants to continue traveling with you and Issei.
>>
No. 814686 ID: fa8f9d

Will Troy ever let us meet his infamous sister? If Troy wants to hang with us thats cool, but i do think its time for a couple of days or R&R after that whole ordeal. Maybe asking out a certain relic store owner...?
>>
No. 814701 ID: 4dd5b9

>>814659
>1 Charisma
No bonus from the charming little top hat?
>>
No. 814738 ID: 8a947d
File 149974777914.png - (153.18KB , 1212x826 , Back Home 3.png )
814738

You tell them the plan, the train, the boat, and Castle.

You: There's no real rush for us to go anywhere Issei, so we can leave tomorrow morning.

Troy: That's probably for the best. If the city's still recoverin' from that bullshit we can't go anywhere.

You: We?

Troy: Oh yeah, I was wonderin' if I could stick with you two.

You: Oh you can stay but...why ? You only came here to New Olmec to find your sister. Why go anywhere else with us ?

Troy: From what my sister's told me this whole thing was partly the churches fault. Apparently the mayor of New Olmec didn't want word gettin' out to the church 'bout what was happenin' here.

Troy: Supposedly he was worried 'bout the extra work and attention it would draw, so instead he just covers it up and keeps people from comin' in. No one could leave or enter, then it happened.

Troy: Fuckin' Church has been gettin' on my nerves my whole life, but this is the first time my sister almost got hurt cuz of it. I've been able to protect her from everythin' else but if you two werent here this time...

Troy takes a drag from his cigarette

Troy: Long story short, I want the church gone. Even if it takes resettin' the world I don't care.
>>
No. 814743 ID: 91ee5f

>>814738
Well, that answers that question. Glad to have you with us Troy!

So, how long do you guys want to hang around here for? A few days, a week, or until the Church gets off their asses and chases us out?
>>
No. 814747 ID: 4dd5b9

>>814738
If resetting the world revives Athmoor, will he remove the gods from our realm? What would happen to you and Freitast?
>>
No. 814765 ID: 8a947d
File 149975785601.png - (69.84KB , 1212x826 , What now .png )
814765

>>814743
You plan to leave tomorrow, you have all day to do whatever you want.

Well, everyone knows whats going on. You have the day to not be killed or do any killing. What now?

There are Waystones at The Lounge.
>>
No. 814766 ID: 4dd5b9

>>814765
Go activate the waystone, then see how your bartender friend is doing.
>>
No. 814767 ID: 3583d1

>>814766
Oooh, how much gold do we have? Once we activate the waystone We should go flirt up with that cutie Ada, maybe we can get a new knife or gun or something interesting from her.
>>
No. 814794 ID: 91ee5f

>>814767
You're thinking of the weapon store. Ada runs the weird shop, where we got the page that taught us Stun Spike. if we go there, we've got a better chance of picking up a new power/summon instead of a weapon.
>>
No. 814802 ID: 9876c4

Take Bridgette out for a nice candelit dinner, and whatever Pagans do. Billiards? Lawn Darts? Sheep entrails?

Maybe go for a nice stroll around town while you're at it.
>>
No. 814817 ID: 9876c4

>>814802
Although 2 of those things are probably more fun if you can see them.
>>
No. 814834 ID: 91ee5f

>>814802
>Take Bridgette out for a nice candelit dinner
She's married! And her husband is one of the Head Pagans of the New Olmec Colony! We don't want to piss him off by making it look like we're trying to steal his wife!
>>
No. 814837 ID: 3ce125

>>814794
Hey I bet we could sell her the Shard we just got.
>>
No. 814842 ID: 9876c4

>>814834
Ok, yeah fair point.
>>
No. 814849 ID: f36501

Find more summons and ingredients! See if anyone has any weird summons! We got a whole pagan colony to look around!
>>
No. 814878 ID: 8a947d
File 149981190907.png - (116.20KB , 1212x826 , Ada.png )
814878

>Ada
You go back to The Lounge and Waystone to Itsdin. After that you head to Distant Wonder. Ada's inside scribbling something down on paper.

Ada: Welcome back! I remember you from before.

You: Yeah, you had a different hat then.

Ada: Yes, the old hat was uhh... garbage. The new one is much better I think.

Ada: Anyway, How can I help you today ?
>>
No. 814881 ID: 3583d1

Let's flirt a little (maybe we can get some good stuff in exchange if we are friendly), well I have these odd rune skull shards, this elder god cube, and i'd also like to hopefully buy a few hours of your time later ;)
>>
No. 814882 ID: 91ee5f

>>814881
Yeah, sure, why the fuck not? Let's hopefully flirt ourselves a discount!

But are you sure about that winking face? Gonna be kinda hard to pull that off with only one eye!
>>
No. 814883 ID: f36501

Flirt and sell and see what we can get!
>>
No. 814896 ID: 486e87

Not sure on the flirting, but lets see what she thinks of the doom cube, I mean, Shard of Veacriel.
>>
No. 814907 ID: 8a947d
File 149981839540.png - (138.00KB , 1212x826 , Ada 2.png )
814907

>Death CubeShard of Veacriel
You put the shard on the counter.

You: Is this worth anything ?

Ada: Oooooooh I do not believe it!

Ada: I do not know what this is, but I can tell it's much older than all of us yet still so young.

Ada: I can give you 500G for it, that is fine ?

Currently with the gold Issei gave you that brings you to 1025G.

Ada seems to know a lot about this sort of stuff. Maybe you could ask her if she knows anything about Voodoo, it is the one type of magic you have no idea about.
>>
No. 814912 ID: f36501

Ask about voodoo and about any uses/ideas for items like the shard that we find in the future. Anything we can use to boost our abilities would also be a good thing to inquire about.

Also tell her her new hat is really pretty.
>>
No. 814913 ID: 91ee5f

>>814907
>I can give you 500G for it, that is fine?
Yes, that's fine.

>Maybe you could ask her if she knows anything about Voodoo?
Yes, ask her that. If those Voodoo assholes come after you again, it would be best to know what their weakness is!

While you're talking to her, look at what she's selling. We might find something new.
>>
No. 814932 ID: 780a88

Can we try witty bargaining with a bit of charm and flirtyness to see if we can get a little more? If not 500 is fine.
>>
No. 814933 ID: 4dd5b9

What does she have in stock?
>>
No. 814963 ID: 8a947d
File 149982867336.png - (125.97KB , 1212x826 , Ada explains voodoo.png )
814963

You: Ada you know a lot about all sorts of different types of magic, do you know anything about voodoo ?

Ada: Voodoo? Oh that stuff's no good, big trouble. Real bad for user and victim.

Ada: It no like Pagan rituals or Church miracles at all. When you make a spell with a ritual something is given, like blood or sacrifices, Yes ? and miracle spells need faith. Both things you give now, in the living.

Ada: When Voodoo people use their magics they don't give anything now, instead they do something much different. Every spell and magic move is a contract with the Lowa, beings like gods but also not.

Ada: When they use the spell the Lowa associated will ask a favor of them, and the user will have to accept the deal or be in big trouble. It could be anything from lying, stealing, even murdering! But the strongest voodoo rituals have much bigger contracts that can only be paid in death.

Ada: The creation of an Effigy that allows for the cheating of death for example; the cost of that is something in death, something big.
>>
No. 814965 ID: 8a947d
File 149982902214.png - (149.97KB , 1212x826 , Ada explains voodoo 2.png )
814965

Ada: The true skill in voodoo comes from the making of the contract.

Ada: If one is good enough they can haggle the contract down to something lower, even trick Lowa into giving spells for free

Ada: One good enough can get Lowa to do whatever they want. That is why voodoo is dangerous.

Ada: but enough about the voodoo and magic, you want to buy something or no ?
>>
No. 814968 ID: 8a947d
File 149982942454.png - (151.54KB , 1212x826 , Ada's Inventory.png )
814968

There are four things in stock that catch your eye.

[An Old Violin ] (300G): An old but still functioning violin, you know how to play.

[Blood Restorative] (150G): A vial of thick sludge that restores 20 ounces of blood. There are multiple in stock

[The Blue Baroness] (500G): A blue steel revolver gun, high quality and normal looking at first but you feel like something about it is different...

[Blocker Bubble-Gum] (150G): Balls of gum that when chewed and blown create a protective barrier for one person for a while. There are multiple in stock.

you have 1025G
>>
No. 814971 ID: b048f6

One of everything, thanks.
>>
No. 814973 ID: b048f6

>>814971
Wait I can't count. One of everything but the bubble blocker.
>>
No. 814974 ID: 9876c4

The violin seems like a trap choice, which means it might be immeasurably powerful if we use it well. Not as a club.

We should at least handle the Baroness. Check the sights, hammer, and cylinder.
>>
No. 814975 ID: f36501

Blue Baroness for sure, and maybe the violin.

I like the possible mysterious aspect of the Blue Baroness and the violin could be practical if we're good enough at it to earn some money. Or we could end up going full Bard. Either way is cool.

Anything else she can tells us about these two objects?
>>
No. 814988 ID: 3ce125

Buy the gun, and one of the blood potions. Just for an emergency.

We should avoid spending too much money here, there are a lot of summoning reagents we could stand to stock up on. If we can go get some more amethyst and obsidian that'd be nice. Where can we find a lizard though?
>>
No. 814992 ID: 780a88

Definitely go for the gun, but inspect the violin before purchase. Would Ada know anything about these objects at all?
>>
No. 814995 ID: 8a947d
File 149983247309.png - (143.11KB , 1212x826 , Ada explains what's what.png )
814995

>Explain the violin and gun.

You ask Ada if their is anymore she knows about these objects.

Ada: I do not know much... I found the violin out in the desert and the gun was sold to me by a gun collector that could not find the right caliber bullets for it.

Ada I did find some that fit but he was gone by the time I could tell him, If you buy the gun it will come with the bullets.

Do you still want to buy The Blue Baroness and/or The Violin ?
>>
No. 814998 ID: f36501

Yeah, buy both.

Flirt to haggle again?
>>
No. 815001 ID: 4dd5b9

>>814995
Buy both, then go to the library. I'd like to make sure that the librarian hasn't been harrassed by the church any more.
>>
No. 815003 ID: 780a88

>>814998
Duh. Yes, this. Let's chat her up a bit.
>>
No. 815004 ID: 91ee5f

>>815001
Wrong city.

We're in Itsdin, the library lady is in Gudon.
>>
No. 815007 ID: 094652

Buy the gun, see if you can make some unique demon-summoning ammo for this special gun or whatever.

Now, TO THE BAR!
>>
No. 815020 ID: 3abd97

>>814995
Both pls.
>>
No. 815026 ID: 315280

Take em both
>>
No. 815031 ID: fa8f9d

Time for flirt/haggle take two
>>
No. 815033 ID: b048f6

Hang on do we still have the runic skull shards? We can sell those too.
>>
No. 815034 ID: 8a947d
File 149983842743.png - (114.40KB , 1212x826 , Ada 3.png )
815034

You buy the Old Violin, The Blue Baroness (w/ 6 Bullets) and The Blood Restorative, costing 950G. bringing you to 75G.

>Flirt Talk
You decide to talk to Ada a little more, she seems nice

You: So Ada, how long have you been running this shop ? It looks like the oldest antique here.

Ada: Maybe... 1 or 2 years maybe.

You: Really ? but this place seems so old.

Ada: Yes it was the best place for me to set up, it was cheap and had just enough room. The Church Guards were being an issue for me any where I went but I managed to get this place easily.

You: That's right the guards would be a problem with all of the stuff you sell. Why haven't they gotten you sooner ?

Ada: That is a secret. I cannot reveal everything I know. In fact I do not think it is very fair for me to be telling you everything and you to be keeping the secrets.

Ada: I want you to...say something about yourself now, Yes?
>>
No. 815036 ID: 780a88

Well you can start by giving her your name, then maybe tell her just enough about your journey to keep it interesting, but not so much that we give everything away
>>
No. 815037 ID: 094652

Church sect stabbed your eye with a needle. Not exactly the kind of neighborly priests you want baptizing the kids.
>>
No. 815039 ID: 3ce125

>>815034
Considering she was outright selling a page of pagan magic and you bought it, maybe it'd be fine to show her your pagan mark?
>>
No. 815078 ID: 8a947d
File 149985814201.png - (128.43KB , 1007x813 , Ada 4.png )
815078

>Show her your mark
The pagan mark only reveals itself in the presence of another one, a security measure to avoid detection from unwanted figures.

You: Well...my name is Gallows. I'm a pagan from Daesfield, I've been chased by voodoo gangsters, uhhh...I've only got one eye.

Ada: Wait! I said only one thing Gallows, that is so much for one man. What happened to the other eye?

You: Got caught by Church priest.

Ada: Nasty men and cruel gods, I am so sorry about that.

You: It's fine, I've had a whole bunch of crap happen to me in the past week. Like...I've been chased by a giant voodoo sand worm, oh that reminds me ! how much can I get for these ?

You dump the three shards in front of her.

Ada: Hmmm...These smaller bits with this larger parts...

Ada: I can give 250G for them all, it would have been worth much more if I got the full skull...

Ada: W-Wait! We cannot just forget about what you had just said! Chased by sandworms, voodoo gangsters ? its all sounds so dangerous! But you are so calm about it all. It's crazy.
>>
No. 815113 ID: 3583d1

>>815078
Really it comes with the territory of my job. There's not a point in really getting that worked up about it, in this line of work you really get used to it pretty quickly.
>>
No. 815135 ID: fa8f9d

That's what happens when you dance with devils. I guess since we revealed so much you just gotta tell us ability yourself as well, maybe over dinner...?
>>
No. 815154 ID: 91ee5f

>>815113
This.
>>
No. 815174 ID: 4dd5b9

>>815078
"Honey, I'm way past the point of freaking out. I've been walking on a tightrope my entire life. These last few days were nearly a vacation for me."
>>
No. 815250 ID: 8a947d
File 149989995195.png - (159.15KB , 1212x826 , Ada 5.png )
815250

You: In this line of work you just sort of get used to it. Heck if anything the past few days were a vacation for me.

Ada: Fascinating...Do you think you could tell me more ?

Do you want to spend time telling Ada about your adventures ?
>>
No. 815259 ID: ae6513

Sure. It'd be nice to unwind a little.
>>
No. 815260 ID: 094652

INITIATE SUPER-WAVY FLASHBACK!

Followed by date.
>>
No. 815280 ID: 3583d1

>>815250
Sure! Let's see what she thinks.
>>
No. 815281 ID: f36501

YES FLASHBACKS

Ideas to talk about:
-that time you tried to summon a dragon
-that time you fell off a mountain
-that time you outplayed a Lowa for a favor
-that time you got stabbed
-that time you crashed a wedding dressed as a woman
>>
No. 815285 ID: 91ee5f

>>815260
No, no, no, that's not how it works! What happens is the flashback in Ada's store, then when the flashback ends, we zoom out and they're in a fancy restaurant with a candlelit dinner in front of them, Ada's wearing a fancy dress and Roland's wearing a tuxedo! Then Roland immediately asks the appropriate question of, "HOW THE FUCK DID THIS HAPPEN?!?!"

Comedy gold, I tell ya! XD

>>815281
>that time you tried to summon a dragon
Bahonka Squee! XD
>>
No. 815286 ID: 8a947d
File 149990619247.png - (166.34KB , 1212x826 , A Recap.png )
815286

You give Ada as many details as you can without giving away anything that may be too important. The Shadowmen, The Priest, The Sandworm, Veacriel; she hangs onto every word and in hindsight it really is a lot to have happened to you in only a week.

Ada asks you all sorts of questions:"weren't you scared?", "how did that work ?", "that can't be true" etc. As you go on you begin to tell her about how you lost your eye, how you came to Itsdin, and how you met Issei; You don't mean to say so much but as she asks more you start to tell her more.

You: That's pretty much it. next I gotta go to Adipedi.

Ada: Wow! I cannot believe you have been through all of that and are still alive.

You: Yeah, it's been a wild time.

Ada: I am glad I got to hear all of your stories! You are a very interesting person.
>>
No. 815290 ID: 3ce125

>>815286
Ask her to talk about herself now!
>>
No. 815306 ID: 91ee5f

>>815286
>You are a very interesting person.
"You're pretty interesting yourself! Not many people would want me to tell them about my adventures!"
>>
No. 815316 ID: 3583d1

>>815306
This
>>
No. 815325 ID: 8a947d
File 149991206006.png - (120.39KB , 1100x797 , Ada 6.png )
815325

You: You're pretty interesting yourself, maybe you can share a little bit about you too huh ?

Ada: Oh! Well...I'm not nearly as interesting as you are.

Ada: Let us see, I moved to Itsdin out of curiosity of the outside world.

You: Outside world? and where are you from anyway ? I don't recognize your accent.

Ada: I am from the Unter, It is a city hidden for many years in the ground away from the church. I do not know when or how it was built but it was fine home

Ada: I heard stories about how everything was on ground was so different so I leave at a young age, and over time I learned about the many types if magic and creatures that were up here.

Ada: Eventually I made my shop and learned how to avoid church men. There is not much more to me than that.
>>
No. 815329 ID: 3ce125

Ask her to teach you to avoid church men. You almost died from your last encounter with them.
>>
No. 815335 ID: cc3193

>>815329
This.
>>
No. 815337 ID: 3abd97

>>815325
Luckier than me, figuring out how to avoid trouble.
>>
No. 815356 ID: 8a947d
File 149991759345.png - (208.96KB , 1212x826 , The repel engine.png )
815356

You: Do you think you could teach me how to avoid church men too ? They've been a problem for me.

Ada: I wish I could, but how I do it is no easy to copy.

Ada: There is a Suppression Engine under the shop, a delicate combination of many kinds of magic and advanced hard to find machinery. This machine blocks the magic signal of the objects I store here.

Ada: The bits and pieces are so rare it would not be possible to make another, and even if you did you could not carry it everywhere with you. I'm sorry.

Ada: But somebody like you should no trouble with nasty church men. Maybe you can find some other way yourself.
>>
No. 815360 ID: 3abd97

>>815356
That's clever! But true, something like that isn't exactly portable.
>>
No. 815361 ID: 91ee5f

>>815356
"Wow, that sounds pretty useful. Wait, does that mean I can't use my magic while in your store?"

Hey, maybe you can't carry it around with you, but if it just hides magic and doesn't prevent it from being used, then maybe you could find a way to build one for the Pagan Colonies? That'll really help out with hiding from the Church!
>>
No. 815389 ID: cc3193

>>815361
I have a better idea, do you have the plans for this engine? If you do do you have a copy I could maybe take or buy from you? If so what I could do is any pagan colonies I come across I can sell this design too and we can share the proceeds! 60% for you and 40% for me
>>
No. 815393 ID: 91ee5f

>>815389
I'm pretty sure the Pagan Colonies will be expecting it for free or else they'll take it by force.

And even if we did sell it, the first place we go to will just turn around and tell the other colonies for free. Meaning we'd only get paid once.
>>
No. 815422 ID: 3583d1

>>815393
Eh, true and it is more morally righteous to just give it too them. Still there's got to be some way we can patent this engine. Like maybe they can assemble it and we give out the designs for free but I bet there will be certain parts that only she knows about maybe? Or parts only she can make? But maybe if the colonies want to learn they send her an apprentice to help run the ship and she shows them how to make the engines? I don't just brainstorming some ideas here.
>>
No. 815444 ID: 8a947d
File 149994364098.png - (153.76KB , 1212x826 , Ada talks tech.png )
815444

You ask her if there is anyway she could make more, or at least show you how to.

Ada: The parts needed to make it are very hard to come across, even if you were to them all it would take you a long time too build it. I have been working on mine since before I got to Itsdin.

Ada: And I am sorry to say but the fusion of magic and machinery is a secret of my people, to reveal to an outsider would be bad for both of us.

Ada: It is one of the reasons we stay hidden from the church, we do not need them knowing how to do such things.
>>
No. 815448 ID: b27cac

Oh well that's fair. If there's anything in particular she's looking for though, we might be able to spot one on our journey?
>>
No. 815462 ID: 91ee5f

>>815444
"Darn. Oh well, it was worth a shot to ask."

I can't think of anything else we could do here, so let's say bye to Ada and tell her we'll come come back again with more stories to tell her, another weird thing to sell to her, or both.

Then.....let's check the time and see how much time we've got left in the day.

If we've still got plenty of time, then let's go to the bar here in Itsdin for some stat boosting food/drinks!

If it's pretty close to night, let's go back to Bridgette's house so that we can go to bed and get some rest so that we'll be ready to leave tomorrow.
>>
No. 815463 ID: b27cac

Oh! Ask her out to dinner.
>>
No. 815483 ID: fa8f9d

Let's go out to eat, man!
>>
No. 815543 ID: 8a947d
File 149998557775.png - (120.39KB , 1100x797 , Ada 6.png )
815543

You: With all of the building you do is there anything specific I could get you to help?

Ada: How sweet of you. I have been looking for a certain spare part that has been giving me some difficulty, A Compensation Drive If you could find it I would be most happy.

You decide that getting to talk to her somewhere else would help you get to know her.

You: You know...I'm gonna go over to Luucc's Inn to get a drink and maybe some food. Do you wanna come ?

Ada: That sounds like a fun time, but I cannot leave the shop unattended. Maybe some other time, Yes ?

A phone rings in the back of her shop.

Ada: I have to take that, sorry.

Ada goes into the back and takes the call, she speaks in a language you don't understand. You decide to leave back into the streets of Itsdin. You have time to visit maybe 2 more places, you have 325G to spend
>>
No. 815544 ID: 8a947d
File 149998567269.png - (124.52KB , 1212x826 , Violin.png )
815544

You decide to inspect the old violin you bought. It's in very good shape, the wood is old but nice quality. As you turn the violin around you here something rattling inside of it...
>>
No. 815545 ID: 8a947d
File 149998589715.png - (169.19KB , 1212x826 , Violin 2.png )
815545

You dig you fingers inside of one of the f-holes and pull out a small scrap of paper. It's a summon recipe...but it's much different from any recipe you've seen, Instead of being a list of items and ingredients its a song sheet. Luckily you know how to read sheet music and play violin, but you shouldn't summon a demon in the middle of the streets.

anyway, where to next ?
>>
No. 815547 ID: 8199f6

>>815545
>Summoning demons with music
Radical.
Anyways, head to the library.
>>
No. 815553 ID: 91ee5f

>>815543
>A Compensation Drive
It sounds like she's trying to.....compensate for something! XD

>>815545
Neat! What demon does it summon?
>>
No. 815561 ID: 3ce125

>>815545
You should take that back to the pagan colony to be inspected by your teacher before you attempt to summon it.

As for where to go next... hey, we *could* check in at the library to see if the owner got her hands on any more contraband but kept it safe this time.
>>
No. 815582 ID: f36501

Musical summons aw shit yeah

Let's go to Luc's place anyways and grab a magic drink! With all these new stats there should be some nifty new drinks too!
>>
No. 815603 ID: 8a947d
File 150000071368.png - (158.44KB , 1136x733 , The Library.png )
815603

>What demon does it summon?
You're not sure, there's no recipe name on it.

>The Library
You warp to the library and go to check on Medi. The shelves of the library have a bit more books on them but still look kinda empty. Medi is stocking more books onto the shelves, as she works she turns around and see's you.

Medi: Oh! it's you again.

You: Gallows. I never told before but, the names Gallows

Medi: Gallows ? That's a nickname right ? There's no way your parent's gave you a name like that.

You: Yeah, it's a long story. Anyway I came to make sure the Church wasn't making trouble for you. I noticed there still aren't that many books on the shelves.

Medi: Well I'm slowly putting them in day by day just in case and saying they're scavenged and donated, and so far The Church outpost hasn't been an issue.
>>
No. 815604 ID: 8199f6

>>815603
Freak out about the lack of flesh connecting her head to the rest of her body.
>>
No. 815608 ID: 90b98f

>>815604
Th- that... WHAT!?
>>
No. 815609 ID: 3ce125

Ask what she's gonna do if she gets any more contraband. Toss it out?
>>
No. 815620 ID: 8a947d
File 150000483948.png - (91.38KB , 1212x826 , The Library 2.png )
815620

You: What do you plan on doing if you come across more contraband ?

Medi: Well, I planned to just leave it where I found it and avoid all the trouble, but now that you're here I have a better idea. You said you research magic objects right ?

Medi: So if I do find something that's magical and heretical than I can just pass it off to you. Well, on one condition.

You: And that condition is ?

Medi: The books you brought back were a good start, but even If I do put them all back this library won't be full. If you can bring me high quality and rare books, I can maybe give you what I find.

Medi: If I already have a copy of it I'll just pay with gold. How's that sound ?
>>
No. 815621 ID: 90b98f

>>815620
Sounds fair
>>
No. 815622 ID: 91ee5f

>>815620
"That sounds like a good deal. Just don't expect instant results, it's going to take me a while to actually find any books and I might not be able to come back here for a few weeks at a time."
>>
No. 815630 ID: 3abd97

>>815620
Sounds fair. I bring you books I find, you let me have heresy you find. Libraries should be full, anyways.

If you do find something heretical and I'm not around, I recommend keeping it off the shelves just so the church guys don't cause trouble and all.
>>
No. 815650 ID: 8a947d
File 150001144035.png - (89.61KB , 1212x826 , The Library 3.png )
815650

You: It won't happen instantly, in fact I'll probably be gone for weeks at a time before I get anything, but it sounds good.

Medi: Wonderful! I'll keep anything I find hidden so I don't cause myself more trouble.

Medi: Well, If that'll be all I'll be getting back to stocking what I can.

Medi goes back to working. Do you want to stay in Gudon or warp to somewhere else ?
>>
No. 815654 ID: 8199f6

>>815650
Is there a dump in Itsdin? We could try scavenging for summoning materials.
>>
No. 815655 ID: 094652

Walk around and look for intel, then warp out. Don't get seen or your enemies will connect the dots.
>>
No. 815659 ID: 91ee5f

Just as a reminder, we've only got 325G, so let's try not to spend it all in one place! Also, here's a list of all places of interest in Gudon to help people make a decision!

-Airship Station
-Todd's Map Shop
-Carpenter
-Leather-worker
-Glassblower
-School
-Housing
-Butcher
-General Store
-Herb Shop
-Library
-Jail/Guard Post
-Doctor
-Stable
-The Desert Cat Inn
-Weapon Shop
-Blacksmith
>>
No. 815664 ID: 8199f6

Let's go to the glassblower's and purchase an eye.
>>
No. 815668 ID: b27cac

Yeah glassblower sounds interesting.
>>
No. 815770 ID: 8a947d
File 150006560615.png - (126.85KB , 1212x826 , Glassblower.png )
815770

>>815655
Intel on what ? there isn't much going on in Gudon, what little you do hear is day to day gossip and stuff with no bearing on you.

>Glassblower
You wander around to The Goodwin Gaffer. The shop is stocked with glass vases and knickknacks, at the front desk a woman reads through documents before looking up at you. Her name is Genna according to the name tag on her shirt.

Genna: Welcome to tha' Goodwin Gaffa'. Mistah Goodwin's not takin' any commissions as of today but will be happy to next week. What can I do for ya ?

Looking through their stock they mostly have glass drinking vessels and statues, but further back there are lenses and mirrors. You really don't need any vases or jugs.

Glass Lens(25G)

Mirror(25G)
>>
No. 815771 ID: 91ee5f

>>815770
Buy 1 of each for summoning purposes.
>>
No. 815776 ID: 8a947d
File 150006728925.png - (94.48KB , 1212x826 , Where next.png )
815776

A Lens and a Mirror brings you down to 275G. Now would be a good time to asses your inventory...

Weapons:
-Sixshot Pistol(22 Bullets)
-Ivory Repeater(26 Bullets)
-Blue Baroness(10 Bullets)
-Wicked Knife
-Curved Dagger

Tools:
-Flask
-9x Pieces of Papers
-Tent
-Lantern
-Old Violin

Item:
-3x Rotten Fruit
-Clear Crystal
-2x Amethyst
-Rotten Strawberry
-Dead Fly
-Dead Cockroach
-2x Feather Pack
-Mirror
-Glass Lens
-Roaming Gluttony Summon Pack
-Hunter Killer Hawk Summon Pack

The sun's starting to go down, where do you want to head next before you head back to Bridgette's ?
>>
No. 815792 ID: 8199f6

>>815776
Go visit your bartender friend. See how he's doing and buy a drink.
>>
No. 815793 ID: 9876c4

Maybe you should stash your old six-shooter at Bridgette's, in case you're robbed. And buy enough for ammo for 30 shots for your new guns.

Seems to be the thing to do, now.
>>
No. 815799 ID: 91ee5f

>>815776
I was thinking we could go to the New Olmec Pagan Colony and ask someone if they can identify what demon that sheet music will summon. It's best to find out now instead of during a fight when you need it because it could be another demon that acts like the Serpentine Vanguard, where you summon it, but it doesn't listen to you and wanders off to do whatever it feels like.

Or, if you think Bridgette's husband can identify it, then you can go somewhere else first, then head back to Bridgette's house.
>>
No. 815800 ID: 3583d1

>>815799
This.
>>
No. 815814 ID: 8a947d
File 150007965683.png - (83.36KB , 1212x826 , Luucc 1.png )
815814

You can head to Luucc's bar first then warp over to The Lounge.

Someone else besides Luucc is manning the front desk, but when he see's you he seems to know you're allowed down to the speakeasy.

In the basement Luucc is running the desk.

Luucc: Hey buddy! Been a while huh ? how ya been ?
>>
No. 815847 ID: 91ee5f

>>815814
"I've been good! And it looks like business is still going good for you as well! So, what's on the menu?"
>>
No. 815863 ID: cc3193

>>815847
This sounds good, let's see what's on the diner menu
>>
No. 815874 ID: 8a947d
File 150008769330.png - (229.37KB , 1212x826 , Lucc's menu.png )
815874

You: Things've been just fine Luucc, a little crazy but still good. Whats on the menu ?

Luucc: You're in luck, we just started the dinner menu.

Luucc hands you a menu with a few choices.

A.) Dollyfish Sandwich: Dollyfish are a common species of saltwater fish that are extremely popular in any restaurant. Dollyfish provide a boost to stamina and can increase ENDURANCE

B.) Brutus Salad: Kind of like a Caesar Salad except it's the one holding the knife. The blend of vegetables help improve PERCEPTION

C.) Throttlefish Cutlets: Throttlefish are large Cuttlefish that have over gone mutation/evolution as the years went by. They ensnare their prey in their large tentacles before devouring them. Eating one is sure to let you gain some of it's STRENGTH

D.) Acrachnabull Steak: Good old fashion steak from your traditional 8 legged cow. meat from an animal with that many legs is bound to help your AGILITY
>>
No. 815877 ID: 3abd97

>no charm food
Boo.

Perception, I guess.
>>
No. 815879 ID: cc3193

>>815874
We need to get our strength and endurance up more, so I say either the steak or the sandwich
>>
No. 815880 ID: efcc58

What was Skill replaced with? I wanted to get that up so that Gallows could dual-wield.
>>
No. 815882 ID: 91ee5f

>>815874
>No prices.
Make a joke about how he's serving free food, since there's no prices on the menu! XD

Then order some Throttlefish Cutlets.
>>
No. 815895 ID: d742a8

C. Throttlers
>>
No. 815898 ID: d63ea8

Defense over offence, go with the Perception.
>>
No. 815912 ID: efcc58

>>815874
If there isn't a skill option, then I vote for the agility one.
>>
No. 815914 ID: be0718

We've got pretty high Perception, huh.

Welp! Can't say no to Arachnabull Steak! Delishus agility.
>>
No. 815920 ID: cc3841

Agility could use a boost. Shooting and running seems to be staples of your particular career path.
>>
No. 815925 ID: 3ce125

Voting for the steak (Agility).
>>
No. 815935 ID: b27cac

Agility's probably the smart move but I can't say no to Throttlefish Cutlets.

We get more chances to raise Agility than Strength anyway.
>>
No. 815938 ID: 8d4593

DollyFish
>>
No. 815961 ID: 8a947d
File 150012619178.png - (155.49KB , 1212x826 , Arachnabull Steak.png )
815961

>Acrachnabull Steak

A little tough, but still tasty. Your agility increases by two.

You: You know Luucc if you're going to serve food for free you can't complain about bad business.

Luucc: You're the only one who gets free meals besides you only ever eat one a day, it'd be a problem if you kept coming. Say...what have you been up to ?

You: Eeeh, business as usual. Pissing off church men and voodoo guys, same old same old. You haven't had any problems since you opened have you ?

Luucc: Nah, but I'm not really worried. The church is more busy searching for heretic magic than speakeasy's; still I'll keep an eye out.

Luucc: I've got a whole network now thanks to you and Ulrik, It feels good to be informed ya know ? If there's anything you want to know I think I might be able to help!

Do you have anything you want to ask Luucc while you're here ?
>>
No. 815977 ID: 91ee5f

>>815961
I can't really think of anything to ask him, so unless someone else can think of something, no don't ask him about anything.
>>
No. 815983 ID: 3ce125

Has he heard anything about voodoo men activity?
>>
No. 816002 ID: 3abd97

What the voodoo guys or the church is up to might be useful information, but it's also probably dangerous to look into.
>>
No. 816028 ID: aa9097

I doubt he may have some, but we could probably use some info on the priest's whereabouts. Last time we saw them, we barely make it. Even if we are stronger, I think we should try to avoid confrontation, specially since we are no longer on our own, and there are more pagans involved.

If not, any info on the church movements could be nice.
>>
No. 816049 ID: fe7355

Oh, where's Ulrik? You want to show him the Blue Baroness to and see if he knows what its power is and if it's possible he could make more ammo for it.
>>
No. 816050 ID: 8a947d
File 150016330643.png - (107.12KB , 1212x826 , Luucc 2.png )
816050

>Voodoo Men
Luucc: Well after you left the city the Voodoo men just stopped, well not stopped but I guess moved ?

Luucc: Suppose they got business somewhere else, or they just couldn't take the heat from the church.

Luucc: Either way they haven't been moving in Itsdin, but they've probably been making moves somewhere else.

>Church Priest
Luucc: Church's got thousands of priest's Gallows, besides they're every where. Recently the church has been upping their activity

Luucc: Hunting down more heretics, confiscating rare objects, I even heard they're burning down small villages. Whatever they're up to I think they've got a plan; Now what that is exactly I'm not sure, but you should keep your eyes peeled.
>>
No. 816080 ID: 3ce125

>>816050
Will do. I suppose it's back to the Pagan Colony for the night, and to show the head summoner this weird song-summon.
>>
No. 816096 ID: 8a947d
File 150017770610.png - (129.30KB , 1212x826 , Flint.png )
816096

>>816080
You thank Luucc for the info and warp back to The Lounge. You find Flint and ask show him the sheet music and violin.

You: Hey Flint! I bought this weird summoning recipe and was wondering if you knew anything about it?

Flint takes the violin and sheet music and inspects them both.

Flint: Well the violin ain't nothing special but this music sheet is.

Flint: What you got here is an Aberrant Summon, these are usually created by skilled summoners trying to summon new and unique types of demons. They always have some sort of odd requirement to summon though, sometimes its ingredients other times its a certain location or smell.

Flint: A bad summoner will bring about destructive or unruly demons with these, but I can tell be the overall structure of this summon sigil that this one is safe.

You: So Aberrant Summons are stronger demons ?

Flint: Not always, they just tend to be different. I don't know what this'll summon but if you want you can always play it, i did say it was a safe one after all.

Flint walks off.

Do you want to use the sheet music to summon ?
>>
No. 816117 ID: 3ce125

>>816096
Yeah let's try it.
>>
No. 816124 ID: 91ee5f

>>816096
Might as well try it. It would suck if you summoned it in battle but it doesn't listen to you, like a certain other summon (yeah, I'm talking about you, Serpentine Vanguard)!

But first, let's go somewhere else before summoning. Don't need to send the town into a panic attack so soon after what happened to them! And let's not do it indoors, just in case it's a big one!
>>
No. 816126 ID: efcc58

If the only requirement to summon it is the ability to play that music, then I would say it would be worth it to at least find out what it is. Maybe it'll be a step above the usual summons.
>>
No. 816143 ID: e9ef8f

Why not? Is the there an area in which it would be safe to summon them?
>>
No. 816165 ID: 8a947d
File 150019218546.png - (27.71KB , 1212x826 , Summoning room.png )
816165

There's a room in The Lounge made for summoners to practice summoning, it's big enough to accommodate for larger summons.

You ready your sheet music, and notice there are lyrics on the back. Annoying way to write it but you can manage. After a little practice ,lyric memorizing and violin tuning you're ready to play.
>>
No. 816171 ID: 8a947d
File 150019256681.png - (188.44KB , 1212x826 , String Summon 2.png )
816171

The music's somewhat somber, but along the way picks up. As you play you hear other voices hum along with the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTJjQj6PkrY[/spoiler]

You: In demon days, it's cold inside
You don't get nobody, people sigh
It's so bad, lasting far, but love yourself
Hiding in a hole in there
All the glasses are far too big bring it back, got to hold it back
To let you do that yet you don't want me back
Before it fall down, falling down, falling down
Falling out to go far, far from the sun

>>
No. 816172 ID: 8a947d
File 150019280448.png - (254.11KB , 1212x826 , String Summon 3.png )
816172

Ethereal instruments play along with you as the Aethereal energy swirls

You: In these demon days it's so cold inside
So hard for a good soul to survive
You can't even trust the air you breathe
Cause mother earth wants us all to leave

>>
No. 816174 ID: 8a947d
File 150019291091.png - (257.41KB , 1212x826 , String Summon 4.png )
816174

Soon enough other voices begin to sing too

You: When lies become reality you numb yourself with drugs and TV
Pick yourself up it's a brand new day so turn yourself round
Don't burn yourself, turn yourself turn yourself around into the sun

>>
No. 816175 ID: 8a947d
File 150019301434.png - (166.41KB , 1212x826 , String Summon 5.png )
816175

Soon enough another much realer voice begins to sing and play along with you.

You/???: In these demon days it's so cold inside
So hard for a good soul to survive
You can't even trust the air you breathe
Cause mother earth wants us all to leave
When lies become reality you numb yourself with drugs and TV
Pick yourself up it's a brand new day so turn yourself round
Don't burn yourself, turn yourself turn yourself around into the sun
To the sun, to the sun~

>>
No. 816177 ID: 8a947d
File 150019320422.png - (168.51KB , 1212x826 , String Summon 6.png )
816177

You soon realize that the summon has been complete and the song is finished. The Imp like being you summoned is continuing the song fading the music out slowly.

Imp: Dat song neva gets old huh Moji? Anyway Whaddya want dis time ?
>>
No. 816178 ID: 3ce125

>>816177
Ah, say hello and introduce yourself. You've never spoken to an intelligent summon before, isn't that a bit unusual? There must be some of the demon's brain in this one.

Ask what it can do and how long it can stick around.
>>
No. 816180 ID: 094652

"... What's a TV?"
>>
No. 816182 ID: 8a947d
File 150019457666.png - (64.95KB , 1212x826 , Fiddler Imp.png )
816182

You: Woah, never seen a talking demon before.

Imp: Woah Woah, Who da heck are you ? Where's Moji ?

You: Uhh...I don't know a Moji...I bought this violin from an antique shop and your summon sheet was inside of it.

Imp: Wait! Can't nobody summon me cept' Moji, Unless...W-at year is it !?

You: It's 1256 A.D. .

Imp:...Oh, wow...Aww jeez.

You can see the Imp begin to tear up a little, it's obvious with it's big red eye.
>>
No. 816183 ID: b27cac

Pat him on the back. There, there.
>>
No. 816184 ID: b20e5a

Well shite, consoling time I guess....
>>
No. 816186 ID: 3ce125

Aw jeez sorry, want to talk about Moji?
>>
No. 816194 ID: 8a947d
File 150019668225.png - (76.65KB , 1212x826 , Fiddler Imp 2.png )
816194

You: H-Hey...Are you gonna-

Imp: No! No I'm fine! Just... caught off guard is all. Last time Moji summoned me it was 1116. He's gotta be dead by now, humans don't live dat long.

Imp:*sigh* jeez wouldya look at me ? cryin' over a damn human...ANYWAY! You. Who are you !?

You: The names Gallows.

Imp: A summona' of course, only way you coulda brought me here, alrighty Gallows here's da deal.

Imp: I'm da Fiddler Imp, thousands a' Imps crawlin' in da void but I'm da only one who bother'd ta learn da fiddle. 's da one good thing you humans did right.

Fiddler Imp: My music mixed wit my demonic blood let's me enhance use a sorta magic ya dig ? Can't no one use Fiddler's Magic without me got it ?

Fiddler Imp: You's got skill with a violin, I'll give ya dat, but I don't trust ya enough to show you all my tricks.

You: Well, what can you do in a fight ?

Fiddler Imp: I got's loads a' song's an' melodies dat'll help ya don't you worry, but first I need ta know what ya deal is.
>>
No. 816203 ID: b20e5a

When you say deal, are you saying what kinda deal I need to make with you or deal as in what is my quest and all that jazz?
>>
No. 816205 ID: 3ce125

>>816194
If he's asking for your purpose... it's to fix the world.
>>
No. 816241 ID: 8a947d
File 150021870911.png - (62.45KB , 1212x826 , Fiddler Imp 3.png )
816241

You: My...My deal ?

Fiddler Imp: Yeah, Ya deal! What are ya all about ? If gonna be workin' wit ya I need ta know what i'm dealin' wit ya dig ?

You: Oh! Makes sense. Well, I'm on a mission to try and reset the world.

Fiddler Imp: Oh dat ol' song and dance huh ? Plenty of people got da idea ta try an' fix dis mess, what makes you think you can do any betta wise guy ?

You: I honestly am not sure, but I feel like I made a lot of progress and I can't screw up or quit now.

Fiddler Imp: Alright, dat's respectable. Well den you keep on wit it. You know da drill, play the song, summon me, I help ya howeva I can. When ya fightin' I can't do any real damage, but I'll make it real hard for ya enemies to fight ya.

You: What do you mean ?

Fiddler Imp: Heh Trust me, you'll see.

Fiddler Imp: Now I gotta go, I gotta uhhh...gotta lot to process right now.

Fiddler Imp blinks out of existence back into the void, guess he can send him self back at will. Are all Aberrant Summons this smart ? Maybe if you get another you'll see. Right now you'd better get back to Bridgette's
>>
No. 816246 ID: 91ee5f

>>816241
Hmmmm.....I wonder what would happen if we used him as part of a fusion summon? Might be able to help him do some damage, since he can't actually fight. That, along with his natural ability to make it hard for us to get hit, might make him really helpful!

Buuuut.....he might end up getting real pissed at us if he doesn't like what we fused him with. Then again, we might not be able to actually fuse Aberrant Summons. Or maybe we can, but we can only fuse Aberrant Summons with other Aberrant Summons. Who knows?

Anyways, let's head back to Bridgette's house.
>>
No. 816255 ID: 8a947d
File 150022538620.png - (112.69KB , 1212x826 , Bridgettes House.png )
816255

You haven't heard of Aberrant Summons until know, and you have no real way of understanding how they work. Apparently they all work differently so you'll probably never know.

New Olmec looks a lot better now, people are out and about and business are back up again.

You reach Bridgette's house. Inside Troy is sitting on the sofa with someone else.

Troy: Yo Gally, you have a fun day out ?

You: Yeah had a whole lotta fun, went to the circus and saw a clown, had a nice fancy diner, went skydiving, you shoulda come man it was a blast.

Troy: Yeah well I had more important things to do, Gallows this is April; April, Gallows.

April: Nice to met ya Gallows.
>>
No. 816265 ID: 9876c4

Act cool in an attempt to not draw attention to her shortness.

Silently thank the Pagan gods for lack of family resemblance.
>>
No. 816269 ID: 3abd97

>>816255
Return her greeting.
>>
No. 816275 ID: d8b9a6

Pleased to meet you! Glad to know you are alright
>>
No. 816278 ID: 91ee5f

>>816269
>>816275
These.
>>
No. 816279 ID: efcc58

>>816265
Pagans don't have gods. They have demons.
>>
No. 816373 ID: 8a947d
File 150025395463.png - (83.71KB , 1212x826 , Bridgettes House 2.png )
816373

You: Yo April. You doing alright after all that bullshit ?

April: Yeah, I mean it's hard to remember a lot of it but I'm fine.

April: Apparently I woke up all scratched up or somethin' yeah ? Like real bad, Felt like I was gonna die. It's a good thing you three showed up when you did , or else we'd all be a lot worse for wear.

You: Where's Issei ?

Troy: Same as always, off somewhere we don't know about. So tomorrow we're taking the train right ?

You: Yup, first I'm gonna sleep.

Troy: Alright, well I'm sure Issei will be back by morning. He always just sorta pops up.

You head to your room.
>>
No. 816374 ID: 8a947d
File 150025407023.png - (82.82KB , 1212x826 , Sleepy Sleepy.png )
816374

Nothing else to do but sleep.
>>
No. 816375 ID: 8a947d
File 150025411342.png - (3.13KB , 1212x826 , The Dream Void.png )
816375

...
>>
No. 816378 ID: 8a947d
File 150025444018.png - (39.98KB , 1212x826 , The Dream Haze.png )
816378

Somebody: Shit they're right behind us...

Someone Else: I heard them somewhere around here, spread out!

You: It's gonna be fine we just...just gotta keep movin' alright ?

Someone Else: Hey! Over here! They're over here !

You: Shit! Donny RUN!
>>
No. 816380 ID: 8a947d
File 150025474512.png - (107.47KB , 1162x669 , The Dream (Bang).png )
816380

Someone Else: Stop! In the name of the Grand Regent Priest you are under arrest!

Donny: Laurence! Wait.

Someone Else: You little shits.

*click*

BANG

You: Oh shit! Don!
>>
No. 816383 ID: 8a947d
File 150025513636.png - (72.19KB , 1212x826 , The Dream 1.png )
816383

Your name is Laurence Morley, and your brother's just been shot.

You: I-It's gonna be fine Don. I'm gonna...I-I'm gonna get you to a hospital, and you're gonna be fine !

Donny: Laurence...I don't...

You: We just gotta keep movin' is all! I don't hear them behind us anymore.

Donny: D-Did you shoot that guard ? They c-can kill you for that.

You: They'd kill us for anything Donny! Just stop worrying so much !

You run through the back alley's of Itsdin with Do on your shoulder, he's bleeding a lot.
>>
No. 816384 ID: 8a947d
File 150025564720.png - (103.60KB , 1212x826 , The Dream 2.png )
816384

As you reach the end of the alley way a man blocks your path. He's wearing a purple vest and weird face paint.

You: HEY!

Man:...

You: GET OUT OF THE WAY! I NEED TO GET TO A HOSPITAL!

Man:...And then what ?

You: W-What ? What do you mean !? I need to get my brother help !

Donny:...

Man: With what ? Hospitals don't operate unless you have money, and not just any pocket change either. I can tell you ain't got the goods to pay for it.

You: I-I Just. I need to-

Man: Calm down. You aren't going to get help from any normal medicine, I can help you though. Your brother, he doesn't look too good; he's running out of time.

You: WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US !?

Man: I just want to help you. I'm making you an offer here, not just to fix your brother but for much more. What do you say ?
>>
No. 816404 ID: e9ef8f

Well, I don't know about you fellas, but at a time like this you gotta wonder what kind of deal you're being offered. Even if it's being made to save your brother, you never want to dance with the devil...
>>
No. 816405 ID: 3ce125

>>816384
Offer? What's the catch?
>>
No. 816419 ID: 8a947d
File 150026137978.png - (248.96KB , 1212x826 , The Deal 2.png )
816419

You: J-Just, Please I don't have time for this, I-

The odd man snaps his fingers, luminescent light sparks from his hand and flies towards Donny's wound. His bleeding stops and he stops shaking, the man opens his and revealing a bloody bullet.

Man: Don't worry that wasn't the deal, just a favor because I'm in such a good mood.

You: How ? What was that ?

Man: Voodoo. Powerful magic much stronger than any church parlor tricks. Now that you have time to think lets talk.
>>
No. 816421 ID: 8a947d
File 150026179319.png - (151.52KB , 1212x826 , The Deal 1.png )
816421

Man: There are many things in the world that no one understands or even knows about, things that can grant immense power to those who can wield them.

You: What are you saying?

Man: I can tell you and your brother do not live in peace or comfort, aren't you sick of this ?

Man: I can show you power far beyond anything the Church could teach you. You wouldn't need to rely on gods or be bound by the yolk of the Church.

Man: So, the deal is: I show you a higher power and take you into a world you've never seen, and in return you aid me in my plans and even then you'll benefit from them too.

Man: What do you say ?
>>
No. 816429 ID: cc3841

Power never comes without sacrifice. What kind of aid?

Is this the steal-your-soul-because-you-didn't-read-the-fine-print type of deal?

It seems to me this guy is abusing his superior bargaining position, the limited time you have and your distracted nature, to push you into accepting a deal which he has only put forth vague details of what actually is going to happen.

Ask him if he can show you something substantial, and what exactly will be required of you. If he or you don't have enough time to do such, ask him them to at least help you out of this jam.

After all, if he wants your help, why doesn't he lend some of his first? Just up and accepting a deal with someone who the Church is probably apathetic to at absolute best just off the cuff seems incredibly one-sided.

Reserve the right to decide once you have enough information to make a somewhat informed decision. If he goes all 'oh no you're the one who needs [i]my[i/] help, if you're not gonna accept right now get bent sucka' it's probably not a good idea to take the deal.

But eh, you seem to be starving for options, so if he does hold off on details and helping you... good luck?
>>
No. 816433 ID: 3ce125

Okay, your friend is no longer in danger of dying. Try to let go of your sense of urgency. Ask for details before agreeing. If he's up to no good, are you willing to start a life of crime just to get away from the church? You could adjust the contract so that you get some safety but don't have to abandon your morals.
>>
No. 816438 ID: e9ef8f

>>816429
This
>>
No. 816457 ID: 8a947d
File 150026996949.png - (178.25KB , 946x778 , The Deal 3.png )
816457

It's not just about The Church, this hasn't been the first time you've had to run away or kill someone. Each time Donny's been put in danger but this is the closest he's gotten to losing his life, You can't afford to keep going on without whatever this man is offering.

The strange man holds his hand out, bright flames engulf his arm.

Man: Take it now, or I won't give you this chance again.
>>
No. 816458 ID: 8a947d
File 150027002244.png - (95.81KB , 1212x826 , The Deal 4.png )
816458

You can't miss this shot...

You feel like you're standing on the edge of something.
>>
No. 816461 ID: 8a947d
File 150027063251.png - (237.77KB , 1212x826 , The Deal 5.png )
816461

You: Deal.

Man: Excellent, things are starting to change Laurence. You are going to help me prepare something great.

Man: Change is coming Laurence, You'd best be ready for it.
>>
No. 816462 ID: 8a947d
File 150027081219.png - (167.80KB , 1212x826 , Wake up.png )
816462

You jolt awake, weird dreams every night.

Troy's calling you from downstairs, you have to catch the train.
>>
No. 816466 ID: 3ce125

Seems like we couldn't control that much at all.

Gallows: realize that for some reason you're getting visions of whatever the main voodoo dude is doing.
>>
No. 816468 ID: 91ee5f

>>816462
>Troy's calling you from downstairs, you have to catch the train.
Hurry and get dressed before you miss the train!

Also, maybe grab something to eat on the way out the door! Unless the train serves food, then you can just eat on the train.
>>
No. 816485 ID: 8a947d
File 150027968743.png - (155.52KB , 1212x826 , Train Station 0.png )
816485

You get dressed and head out, you don't know when the trains leave so you just leave as early as you can.

Troy: Wait ain't we gonna eat breakfast first ?

You: No time, I've got no idea if we're gonna be late or not so we're leaving now.

You: Also, I've been getting this feeling that the Shadowmen are gonna be making a move soon, so keep your eye's peeled you guys.

Troy: Right...hey Issei you got any strawberries to share ?

Issei: i have strawberries but non to share, sorry Troy.

You: There should be food on the train Troy.
>>
No. 816486 ID: 8a947d
File 150028064129.png - (206.87KB , 1212x826 , Train Station 1.png )
816486

Your group arrives at the Train station, there are crowds of people lined up to leave. Guess some people are eager to leave New Olmec after the unpleasantness.You head to buy a ticket from the 7th rail desk but the man running the desk stops you, he pulls off his glove and shows you his Heretics Fork mark. You wait for your train to arrive outside.

Troy: I wish I had saved some of that chowder from last night.

You: Chowder ?

Troy: Yeah when April came over she brought some of her clam chowder with her and it was delicious.

You: Clam chowder sound's fucking disgusting, the hell is "chowder" anyway and why would you want clams in it ?

Troy: It's like a soup, it's more than just clam too its got diced tomato, onions, its amazing! Have you even eaten a clam before ?

You: When I hear "clam" I think "clammy" like cold and wet and gross, not particularly appetizing

The 7th Train rolls up and you head towards it, not that many people are boarding this one so you don't have to worry about it being too crowded. You go to the man checking tickets and show him your heretic's fork mark, he nods and lets you on.
>>
No. 816502 ID: 91ee5f

>>816486
>Man running desk shows his Heretic's Fork mark, don't need to buy a ticket.
>You go to the man checking tickets and show him your Heretic's fork mark, he nods and lets you on.
Woo hoo! Free stuff! Which is good, considering how much money we've got.

Although, I have a few questions: How did the guy at the desk know you were a Heretic? And how did you know the ticket checker was also a Heretic? Was it like, some sorta "feeling" that only happens when you're near someone that is a Heretic? Or were you guys just risking revealing yourselves to random people and you guys got lucky with correctly guessing you were all Heretics?
>>
No. 816506 ID: e9ef8f

>>816502
Or someone at the pagan guild hall or whatever called ahead for us.

Alright so where are we sitting on this train anyway? Issei do you smell anything or anyone funny on this train? Maybe we'll even get lucky and some poor idiot will try and do an old fashioned train heist, then those guys would be free game for you huh?
>>
No. 816524 ID: 8a947d
File 150032106525.png - (304.62KB , 1212x826 , Train 1.png )
816524

>>816506
Issei: i do not smell anything suspicious on the train.

You board with the other passengers and find a seat, shortly after the train begins to move.

Troy: I'm tellin' you Gal, clams prepared the right way are tops. You can't knock it til you try it.

You: It still sounds gross.

Troy: C'mon you can't just say somethings gross because it sounds gross ! Issei, you gotta back me up here!

Issei: i only eat two things, i have never eaten anything else besides them.

You: I thought you said human food was gross, but how would you know if you've never eaten it.

Issei: it doesn't smell as good as strawberries or the other thing.

You: Well how do you know you don't like something if you don't try it ?

Troy: You're hearin' yourself right ?! Whatever, if you know food so much better than I do you can go to the dinin' car and grab some grub for us yeah ?

You: Oh don't strain yourself or anything your higness, I'll see if they have any of that ass chowder you love so much.
>>
No. 816525 ID: 8a947d
File 150032113160.png - (96.02KB , 1212x826 , Train 2.png )
816525

Well guess its your job to get food, the dining car should be at the somewhere at the end of the train, it's a straight line shouldn't be too hard to find.
>>
No. 816526 ID: e7bd79

Unless you go the wrong way, just ask someone which way to go.
>>
No. 816527 ID: 3583d1

>>816526
...Really? It shouldn't be THAT hard to find your way to the back. You can probably feel which direction the train is going, so if the food cart is at the back of the train, you want to head in the direction where the train ISN'T moving... jeez...

And for the record, Clams are delicious when prepared right. Like steamed and sautéed in butter and garlic.

Alright lets head back. Try to keep a low profile too.
>>
No. 816530 ID: 91ee5f

>>816527
This.

Also, make sure you watch the other passengers around you. Even if they're not more of those voodoo guys trying to kill you, there could be a pickpocket on board, a priest, or even train hijacker!
>>
No. 816531 ID: 8a947d
File 150032367763.png - (82.20KB , 1212x826 , Train 3 .png )
816531

>>816527
True, you just need to move to the back of the train.

The train isn't full but you keep lookout for anybody that might be suspicious. No skull face paint or fancy vest's but who's to say they're not in disguise ?
>>
No. 816532 ID: 8a947d
File 150032387952.png - (106.11KB , 1212x826 , Train 3 (Dining Cart).png )
816532

You reach the dining cart, there's a self service bar ahead for you to get your food and trays to carry them on. There's nobody that seems to work here or anyone for that matter, all that's here is this decorative tree.
>>
No. 816533 ID: e7bd79

What's the selection?
>>
No. 816534 ID: 486e87

Huh, does this work on a honour system or something? Have a look at the note on the end of the bar.
>>
No. 816542 ID: e9ef8f

"Hello? Anyone here?"

I suppose if we can't find anyone we could just take some food and leave some gold behind to make up for it... maybe? What does that note say?
>>
No. 816543 ID: 91ee5f

This might be just like Crazy Carmine's Clothing Cabin back in Itsdin, no money required and just take the food for free.

But let's read the note first.
>>
No. 816545 ID: 3abd97

>Clam chowder sound's fucking disgusting
Chowda is wicked good.

>>816532
Well, take a look at the offerings.
>>
No. 816547 ID: 8a947d
File 150033065036.png - (107.30KB , 1212x826 , Train 3 (Dining Cart 2).png )
816547

You read the note.

Passenger's meals are included in the ticket. Passengers are free to serve themselves small sides and dishes but larger plates must be served by the station attendant

The station attendant isn't here, and there's no out to break sign or anything. Guess you can only take sides for now. Searching through the small dishes you find a Strawberry Salad, a bowl of Potato Wedges, and some of what you think is Clam Chowder.

Oh well, guess this'll do for now. You leave 5 gold for a tip and take your dishes back to your seats.
>>
No. 816551 ID: 8a947d
File 150033324674.png - (114.56KB , 1212x826 , Train 4.png )
816551

Very unprofessional just leaving the food desk unattended like that, well this should be enough to tie the guys over until we reach Ender Port.
>>
No. 816552 ID: e9ef8f

>>816547
What did you take for everyone? Hopefully some kind of strawberry pastry for Issei. Best to get back soon.
>>
No. 816553 ID: e9ef8f

Oh... y'know last time I checked everyone wasn't some kind of tree Root...

Okay... so what the hell is going on now?
>>
No. 816554 ID: 3abd97

>>816551
The passengers all seem to have turned into trees.

I don't think the food cart was left unattended, the attendee became a decorative tree.
>>
No. 816555 ID: f6faa8

Grab more food, but don't eat it. Might be what is causing this.

Summon a gluttony demon, have it taste-test all the food. Or, see if you can summon a gluttony demon using the food for new summon tricks.
>>
No. 816557 ID: 91ee5f

>>816551
Oh, come the fuck on! Can't we get a break already?!

It looks like all the passengers have been turned into trees!

Quick, go check on Troy and Issei!
>>
No. 816558 ID: 486e87

Er, aether vision time? Those people weren't trees before.
>>
No. 816559 ID: 3ce125

Instead of Aether Sight maybe it'd be a good idea to summon the Fiddler Imp. Doesn't cost anything, and the little guy has been around a long time, he might recognize what's happening here.
>>
No. 816560 ID: 91ee5f

>>816559
The problem with that idea is Aether Sight is an instant thing, the Fiddler Imp is not. We probably don't have time to summon him without getting attacked in the middle of the song! And the violin used to summon him isn't exactly quiet, we'd end up telling any nearby bad guys that they didn't turn someone into a tree!
>>
No. 816567 ID: 8a947d
File 150033623615.png - (97.49KB , 1212x826 , Train 5.png )
816567

Tree's ? What...What in the fresh hell is this ? Goddammit if it's not one thing its something else. This is bead, you need to see if Troy and Issei are okay.
>>
No. 816568 ID: 8a947d
File 150033627499.png - (112.42KB , 1212x826 , Train 6.png )
816568

Shit. This is not good.
>>
No. 816569 ID: 8a947d
File 150033650187.png - (128.93KB , 1212x826 , Train 6 Aether Vision.png )
816569

>Aether Sight
you cast Aether Sight (68oz==>58oz)

You can see the echos of the people here through the Aether. They're still alive, just in some sort of stasis.

>Fiddler Imp

You might as well, more help would be good to have here...
>>
No. 816570 ID: 8a947d
File 150033699610.png - (155.90KB , 1212x826 , Train 7.png )
816570

You play and summon Fiddler Imp

Fiddler: Yo Gallows. What'd ya call fer huh ? What d'ya need help dis weird...tree, train ding ?

You: These trees used to be people Fiddler, do you have any idea what could have done this ?

Fiddler: Hmmm...Well I may be wrong, but I do smell the slightest hint of voodoo in da air. Sounds like dat's ya problem.

You: Yeah, voodoo's been a real problem this whole trip...hey do you know how to kill voodoo users ? I shot one through the head but he just shrugged it off...

Fiddler: Ah! He transfa'd da damage ta some otha vessel, maybe a nearby dog or other living ding. He musta been a real tough nut if he could pull dat off...

Fiddler: I don't know how to deal wit' dat, but I do know dat most voodoo usa's got Effigy's on em dat let's em live through anythin'. You have ta destroy da effigy BEFORE ya kill em or else they'll keep poppin' up.

You hear footsteps coming from down the hall.
>>
No. 816571 ID: e9ef8f

Gun at the ready, now might be chance to try out your new gun! Be prepared for a fight! Fiddler what combat Powers do you have? Anything usefull?
>>
No. 816573 ID: 3abd97

Well if it already got those two, then the food wasn't the vector. Which is problematic, because you don't know how to avoid getting infected yourself.

>You hear footsteps coming from down the hall.
Set for an ambush. Or at least to see the before they see you.

It's probably whoever caused this, but it might be someone else who was lucky enough to dodge the effect (or it might have been localized to a few train cars).
>>
No. 816576 ID: 3ce125

>>816571
He's a defensive summon. Enemies will have a hard time fighting while he's present. Not sure exactly what that means but I figure we're about to find out.
>>
No. 816578 ID: 91ee5f

>>816570
Voodoo?! But Issei said he didn't smell anything weird on the train! Don't tell me those bastards have a way to hide their rotten souls from Issei now!

>>816573
>It's probably whoever caused this, but it might be someone else who was lucky enough to dodge the effect (or it might have been localized to a few train cars).
This.
>>
No. 816583 ID: 8a947d
File 150034071877.png - (137.96KB , 1212x826 , Train 8.png )
816583

You don't know who it is or how many of them there are, you grab a cloth off of a nearby tree and drape it over your table to hide under. Fiddler follows suit.

The footsteps get closer. the door to your car opens, two voodoo men enter, one tall and skinny and one short. Its those two from Ulrik's Weaponshop.

Slim: Right, so they were in this car...what the hell ? we got two tree's but we're missin' one !

Shorty: Laurence, this tall ones the guy that took out the first two we sent, and that other one's the smuggler from Itsdin.

Slim: "Slim" Donny! No real names on missions. Boss's orders.

Shorty: Right! Right! Sorry...but it looks like that Pagan flew the coup, but he's still somewhere on this train.

Slim: Right. Go stop the conductor and take control of the train, I'll search.

The two continue forward and leave the train. You and Fiddler come up from under the table.

Fiddler: Looks like yer in a real bind, huh ? Well whats da plan wiseguy ?
>>
No. 816589 ID: e9ef8f

>>816583
Well firstly we should get to them before the conductor gets turned into a tree and they can get a chance to derail us. So it might be best to put our sneaking to the test here. Once we got the drop on them let's "make them dance" eh? Shorty can't do much without making a sign first from what we've seen, so if we get the drop on him first he'll be good to go. We haven't seen much of Slim's capabilities though as last time we got him before he could really do anything. So what ever we do should be swift and quick, don't give them a chance to fight back. I'm interested to know if this blue gun has any magical properties, I guess now is as good a time as any to find out.
>>
No. 816592 ID: f36501

>>816589
Agreed. We go to keep the train rolling. Worst comes to worst, you stop at the station and have to sneak past some church people as they try and figure out what kind of voodoo nonsense is happening here.

Train stops, and we're sitting ducks. Keep the train rolling and figure out how they put our buddies in stasis.

(Also, try some clam chowder while its still fresh! There's usually some potatoes in it too!)
>>
No. 816605 ID: 91ee5f

We took these guys out easily last time!

Only problem is that usually when you fight repeat enemies, it's because they're stronger than they were last time. So we might not be able to beat them as easily this time!

I say we take out one of them and hope he's got the effigy we need to smash in order to fix everyone. Then we can let Issei go to town on them!

Question is: Which one of them is doing this? Hopefully we can guess correctly so that we can finish this soon!

I say we try going after Shorty. If he's gonna stop the conductor, he's probably the one that'll turn the conductor into a tree! And he looks like the weaker of the two!

Hey, Gallows, don't these guys look like the brothers from your dream?
>>
No. 816612 ID: 8a947d
File 150034608960.png - (149.81KB , 1212x826 , Train 9.png )
816612

>We took these guys out easily last time!
To be fair you got the drop on them last time, they're looking for you this time.

>Go after Shorty
They both went the same way, if you want to get Shorty you need to get Slim first. The odds of you sneaking past him on a narrow train aren't great, but maybe you can make it work.

>Blue Baroness
You've only got 6 shots in the thing so if you want to use them make 'em count.

>How are they turning people into trees ?
You might be able to piece something together if you go over what you can see around you.
(Roll 1d20 + 8 from PERCEPTION to try and find out how from your surroundings)
>>
No. 816613 ID: b0c09e

rolled 14 + 8 = 22

Go after them then. The sooner we can take one out the better off we'll be.
>>
No. 816614 ID: b0c09e

rolled 11 + 8 = 19

Go after them then. The sooner we can take one out the better off we'll be.
>>
No. 816617 ID: 9c2f50

rolled 19 + 8 = 27

Let's get a move on then!
>>
No. 816622 ID: 91ee5f

>>816617
So close to a crit! Oh well, it's good enough to work!
>>
No. 816644 ID: 8a947d
File 150035041558.png - (91.81KB , 1005x782 , Train 10.png )
816644

rolled 19 + 8 = 27
SUCCESS

While searching around you notice there are small purple symbols painted onto the chairs. Look's like this is what caused everyone to transform into trees. You go to wipe the paint away but as your hand reaches the symbol your skin begins to turn to bark and leaves start to sprout from your fingers. You pull your hand away quickly and it goes back to normal.

Well you know whats causing this and what to look out for, Now to move on to the next car.
>>
No. 816645 ID: 8a947d
File 150035051024.png - (181.48KB , 1212x826 , Train 11.png )
816645

You move into the next cart. Nothing but trees guess the Shadowmen are already in the next cart, you need to decide now how you want to approach this.

Are you going to SNEAK through ? or ATTACK while they don't know where you are ?
>>
No. 816651 ID: e9ef8f

I presumed we were going to SNEAK and then ATTACK because they don't know where we are. Plus hey, SNEAK+ATTACK ought to get us some bonus points to damage right? Hell it worked really well the first time, doubly so because they didn't expect us. So let's sneak in a way that defies what their expectations are so we fool them again.
>>
No. 816652 ID: f6faa8

Sneak. The boss is smart enough to know his minions would botch an assault. Just make it look like you bailed and work on breaking whatever effigy sustains the local volunteers' careers as tree props #1-279.
>>
No. 816656 ID: 91ee5f

>>816644
Well, if you can't use your hand, what about Fiddler? Although, if he starts changing, the try finding a wet rag that you could put on the end of a stick to smudge the mark. But if that doesn't work, then we've got no choice but to take these guys out!

Also, consider how quickly your hand started to change. How come you didn't immediately get turned into a tree if the marks were already on the seats?

Also, how the fuck did these guys know you were going to be on this train?! How the fuck do they keep finding you?!

>>816645
>SNEAK or ATTACK?
Sneaking looks like a good idea.
>>
No. 816716 ID: 8a947d
File 150040237275.png - (175.40KB , 1212x826 , Train 12.png )
816716

You creep through the next car as slowly as possible as to not make too much noise. You reach the next car and find the tall one ,Slim, standing in the middle of the car lane tossing something in his hands.

Slim: Maybe he just turned somewhere else ? Ah wishful thinkin'. damn pagan...

Fiddler: Psst! Gallows. I can tell dat voodoo guy's got his effigy on em somewhere. It takes a lot more energy from ya da further away it is from ya body and I can sense de energy comin' from 'im, If you want him DEAD dead you gotta get that away from 'im and break it!

You can either shoot him from hiding (1d20 + 10, 8 from PERCEPTION and 2 from [Pistols 1]. [Cyclops] (No Criticals.) [25 = Success]

Sneak up and backstab him (1d20 + 6 from AGILITY) [20 = Success]

Or you could try to pickpocket the effigy from his person (1d20 + 6 from AGILITY) [26 = Success]
>>
No. 816717 ID: 3583d1

rolled 2 + 6 = 8

>>816716
I suppose each of us can try for one roll and what ever is highest we do? Personally I'd rather not alert shorty to our presence and have him try and do something while we are fighting or hear the gunshot and come running. And our sneaking isn't that great so I say we go for the backstabuuu
>>
No. 816718 ID: 3583d1

>>816717
WOW! that was terrible...
>>
No. 816720 ID: 8d4593

rolled 20 + 6 = 26

>>816716

Backstab him
But aim for the center of the leg, just above the back of the knee.
Stab deeply. You'll not only cripple him, but sever a major artery. He'll bleed out in minutes, giving you time to wrest the effigy from him.
>>
No. 816721 ID: 3583d1

>>816720
CRITICAL! WE SEVERE A LEG ENTIRELY!
>>
No. 816723 ID: 486e87

Oh geez, here's hoping the damage isn't redirected to us, or kills one of the people who were turned into a tree.
>>
No. 816725 ID: 91ee5f

>>816720
We've got 2 knives, a Wicked Knife and a Curved Dagger, so I say we use them both for some dual wielding knife action!
>>
No. 816727 ID: 8a947d
File 150040941774.png - (288.32KB , 1163x794 , Train 13.png )
816727

>>816720
You creep behind Slim and slash at his knee.

rolled 20 + 6 = 26
CRITICAL

You end up cutting much deeper than you anticipated. Slim yelps and pain and drops whatever he was holding...
>>
No. 816728 ID: 8a947d
File 150040953179.png - (201.74KB , 1212x826 , Train 13 (Dice).png )
816728

3 red dice hit the floor

rolled 4+2+3=9

The dice begin to glow with voodoo energy
>>
No. 816729 ID: 8a947d
File 150040967303.png - (687.56KB , 1212x826 , Train 13 (Dice 2).png )
816729

Slim glows with the same energy as 9 ethereal voodoo clones appear behind him each one taking a little bit of the wound with it.

After they a while the clones disappear, and Slim's wound has been healed about half way but its still pretty bad. Slim definitely won't be able to follow you or avoid attacks very well, but with those dice he might not need to...
>>
No. 816730 ID: 8a947d
File 150040973710.png - (235.33KB , 1212x826 , Train 14.png )
816730

Slim: Really ? Again with the sneak attacks. Why not fight me head on.

Slim picks his dice back up and readies his gun
>>
No. 816731 ID: 8a947d
File 150040985676.png - (215.36KB , 1212x826 , Train 15.png )
816731

Slim fires at you but staggers under his leg wound and MISSES

Slim's been injured and you've gotten a glimpse at his ability. What will your next move be ?
>>
No. 816732 ID: e7bd79

Honestly I am curious on what our fiddler imp can do right now to help us.
>>
No. 816733 ID: 78678c

rolled 17 + 10 = 27

DRAW and FIRE! Blue Baroness, don't fail us now!
>>
No. 816735 ID: 78678c

>>816733
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyIMKiWpdU4
>>
No. 816736 ID: 8d4593

rolled 12 + 10 = 22

Shoot the Bastard
Aim for his right side. Preferably the arm or shoulder. He'll be much less dangerous disarmed or with his primary arm disabled.
>>
No. 816737 ID: 3ce125

>>816731
Imp, do your thing please? We need to disable this guy a bit so we can steal his effigy. Activating Aether Sight (and keeping it active this time!) could be a good idea to spot the effigy. He could have hidden it in his shoes or underwear or a hidden pocket or somewhere else hard to find.
>>
No. 816738 ID: 91ee5f

>>816730
>Really? Again with the sneak attacks. Why not fight me head on?
"Really? You're criticizing me for sneak attacking you?! In case you haven't noticed, you're the one that tried to turn me into a tree! At least when I sneak attack, you've gotta chance to fight back! That makes you the coward, not me!"
>>
No. 816788 ID: 8a947d
File 150043399830.png - (364.32KB , 1212x826 , Train 17 (BLind).png )
816788

>Fiddler Imp
Fiddler drags his bow across his violin, red lighting blasts out of it's strings and hits Slim in his eyes. Slim stumbles on his wounded leg,

Slim has been BlINDED
>>
No. 816789 ID: 8a947d
File 150043404836.png - (251.94KB , 1212x826 , Train 16.png )
816789

You cock the Blue Baroness, magic energy fills the air and stings your hand as you fire it.
>>
No. 816793 ID: 8a947d
File 150043423003.png - (336.82KB , 1212x826 , Train 17.png )
816793

rolled 4, 2, 2 = 8

You hit Slim in his right shoulder.
>rolled 17 + 10 = 27

He drops his dice and divides the damage done among his clones once more.
>>
No. 816794 ID: 8a947d
File 150043457306.png - (269.90KB , 1212x826 , Train 14 (2).png )
816794

>rolled 4, 2, 2 = 8

Slim is healed almost half way once again. You aren't sure how much more damage he can take, but from what you've done and what he's negated you can guess about 25 damage has been done. That's

Slim: Nggh... Fuckin' demon magic, I don't need to see to kill you, you son of a bitch.

There's a magical essence left in the air after you fired the Blue Baroness, a streak of blue particles float in the air in the path you fired. You feel as though you can act on this magical force if you focus hard enough.

(roll 1d20 + 10 from INTELLIGENCE) [Success=20]
>>
No. 816796 ID: aaafef

rolled 14 + 10 = 24

Magic man powers activate.
>>
No. 816797 ID: e9ef8f

>>816796
Ooooooohhhhh yeeeeeaaaaahhhh!!!
>>
No. 816799 ID: 91ee5f

If possible, repeat something you heard his boss tell him in your dream to catch him off guard! Tell him, "Looks like your boss lied to you when he said he would show you a higher power. He conned you guys real good!"

Then when you act on that magical force, snap your fingers when you activate it! I mean, you don't have to snap your fingers, I just thought you'd look cool if you did it like that.
>>
No. 816813 ID: e7bd79

We take out his gun the fight is in the bag, but we need to act quick lest we get ambushed by the other S.O.B.
>>
No. 816829 ID: 85af43

Well, there's no reason to leave this Funny Valentine wannabe faffing about.

After you cast magic, make sure to also cast bullet simultaneously. To his groin. Regen won't help him with that pain.
>>
No. 816841 ID: 8a947d
File 150045286422.png - (448.74KB , 1212x826 , Train 18.png )
816841

>rolled 14 + 10 = 24
SUCCESS

You channel the magic energy in the air left over from the Blue Baroness' bullet. You feel yourself warp from one point on the train to another, right behind Slim. You're a little disoriented but you manage to regain your focus and aim your gun at slim.
>>
No. 816842 ID: 8a947d
File 150045313095.png - (285.63KB , 1212x826 , Train 19.png )
816842

...but before you have time to act another tree much larger than the ones entrapping the passengers sprouts from the ground knocking you back. The tree lift's Slim to a hatch in the ceiling where he escapes onto the roof of the train.

Fiddler: Damn! He's hurt bad but if we don't destroy dst effigy he'll just come back again! We gonna follow or wat ?

You feel Slim channeling something on the roof. If you don't stop him that may spell trouble for you later. Do you want to pursue Slim ?
>>
No. 816844 ID: 3583d1

>>816842
Uh yeah, and what happened to his blindness?
>>
No. 816846 ID: e7bd79

Chase him, do prepare a knife though, I got a feeling we might need it soon.
>>
No. 816847 ID: dd4df2

>>816842

Fire a blue baroness shot diagonally up, follow the trail until you're above him and land on him, interrupting his ritual and allowing you to rifle his pockets while he flails.

Not sure what we'd need to roll for that.
>>
No. 816855 ID: 91ee5f

>>816842
Can our bullets pierce through the roof of the train car? Because if they can, then use Aether Sight to aim at him and shoot him!

But if our bullets can't pierce the roof of the train car, then I guess we're chasing him!
>>
No. 816864 ID: dd4df2

>>816855

I'm against this, since it might actually kill him.

Long-term plan: We should destroy Slim's effigy and then use the now-potent threat of actually killing him to turn him into a hostage against Shorty, who seemed to look up to (ha haa) Slim. Should that prove successful, it also allows us to interrogate them for clues on who their boss is and how we can cure the tree'd people.

This also forces Shorty to come to us in order to retrieve his comrade, allowing us to set the terms of his approach (and ambush him with summoned demons should his loyalty to his comrade be less stellar than I imagine).
>>
No. 816866 ID: 91ee5f

>>816864
>I'm against this, since it might actually kill him.
That's the point!

Besides, last time we killed them they went down and they didn't have their effigies, but here they are, still alive! Meaning, their boss brought them back to life last time.

So even if we destroy their effigies, their boss will bring them back later.
>>
No. 816867 ID: 91ee5f

>>816866
But, if you want to do it like that, then we could probably use Aether Sight to aim at his effigy so that we can shoot that!
>>
No. 816875 ID: dd4df2

>>816867

Well, given that we've killed these cultists before, we're about due to try something new. If they're alive, we might be able to pump them for intel and maybe figure out a way to keep them out of the way, temporarily or permanently.

And fair point, if Baroness' shots can go through the roof and Aether Sight allows us to see magical objects, then we can shoot the effigy. Are we sure Slim's effigy is the dice, though? It seems more like an anti-damage thing, not an anti-death thing. Maybe using Aether Sight will tell us for sure what's on him.
>>
No. 816883 ID: 91ee5f

>>816875
We don't know if the dice are his effigy, but destroying 1 or all of them will hinder his ability to remove damage done to him.

Now that I think about it, can't Fiddler do something to stop Slim from running? If not, then maybe Fiddler can do something to stop Slim from channeling whatever spell he's trying to use? After all, Fiddler said his specialty is making it real hard for enemies to fight us, so interrupting spells should be something he can do!
>>
No. 816906 ID: 8d4593

Aether sight and blue baroness the source of the most magic on him. Then teleport up
>>
No. 816995 ID: 8a947d
File 150051955230.png - (64.27KB , 1212x826 , Train 20.png )
816995

>>What happened to his blindness ?
Fiddler: Well it wore off. My magic's good but it don't last foreva.

>The Dice.
Fiddler: Dem dice ain't his Effigy, their a voodoo infused object he's usin' to divide up da damge he takes among summoned clones of 'imself.

>>>816866
Fiddler: If they died and came back it means they had effigy's on 'em. Effigy's anchor da usa's soul after death an' lets 'em come back afterwards, even if da body is totally destroyed as long as dat effigy stays in tact before dey die dey'll be fine.

You do your best to shoot where you think Slim is.
>>
No. 817003 ID: 8a947d
File 150052030604.png - (236.77KB , 1212x826 , Train 21.png )
817003

Slim: Shorty...Shorty, do you hear me ?

Shorty: Yeah, I'm here! The conductor's taken care of...

Slim: Never mind that, what was that back in the car ? You had a trash to crush that fucking pagan and you didn't. What happened ?

Shorty: I just...I was tryin' to save you Laurence,

Slim: Slim! Shorty, and listen next time you need to be more aggressive. I can afford a bullet to the skull but Boss trust's us to get this done.

Slim: I'm countin' on you too, I'm havin' a bit of a hard time up here.
>>
No. 817005 ID: 8a947d
File 150052060518.png - (371.99KB , 1212x826 , Train 22.png )
817005

You warp up to roof of the train and see Slim.

Slim: Shorty, I gotta call ya back.

Slim's body is enveloped in voodoo energy, whatever ritual he was channeling has finished.
>>
No. 817015 ID: e7bd79

I think it's high time for a buff from our imp.
>>
No. 817017 ID: 80b588

>>817015
Boost me, Fiddler!

Alright so depending on what kind of boost we get (provided we get anything at all) and then use that boost to kick his ass!
>>
No. 817018 ID: 3ce125

Summons can be injured but just come back next time at full health, right? Toss the imp at him as a distraction or to dispel whatever ward he's enchanted himself with. You can summon your prepackaged Gluttony to grab him with its mouth (it can be ordered to NOT eat, right?), at which point you can steal his effigy, and start an interrogation. Ask him why his boss keeps coming after you-- this can't just be about the weapon shop anymore. Maybe make a deal, even. You spare his life and for starters they'll turn the train back to normal.
>>
No. 817021 ID: e7bd79

>>817015
Wait shit I meant the self buff spell.
>>
No. 817037 ID: 91ee5f

>>817003
Well, that's some useful information! It looks like Shorty is the guy we need to take out in order to fix this train's tree problem!

But let's finish off Slim first!

>>817005
>Slim's body is enveloped in voodoo energy, whatever ritual he was channeling has finished.
See if Fiddler can disrupt whatever Slim is trying to cast!
>>
No. 817090 ID: c655d4

As a side note, the Baroness was a great purchase and we really need to buy as many bullets as we can for it.
>>
No. 817096 ID: e7bd79

>>817090
One problem to that, we don't know where to get more mystical bullets of magic and awe.
>>
No. 817126 ID: 8d4593

I feel like a roaming gluttony from the summon pack would be usefull here.
>>
No. 817258 ID: fa8f9d

You're in to deep, Laurence. Do you really wanna waste the second chance you gave Donny on killing me?
>>
No. 817280 ID: 91ee5f

>>817258
This, but it should say, "on trying to kill me?" at the end.
>>
No. 817393 ID: 8a947d
File 150069077562.png - (339.62KB , 1212x826 , Train Roof 1.png )
817393

>Dispel/Disrupt the ritual
The channeling has been completed, you can't disrupt it anymore.

>Capturing Slim alive
You'll try if you can, but if worse comes to worse someone may have to die.

You activate a summon pack and summon a Roaming Gluttony.

You: This can't just be about the weapons shop incident in Itsdin anymore. why are you jack asses following me ?

Slim: You can't be serious ? It should be obvious at this point.
>>
No. 817396 ID: 8a947d
File 150069145268.png - (226.44KB , 1212x826 , Train Roof 2.png )
817396

The aura from Slim's body leaps off of him and twirls in the air, it begins to form into a cohesive shape. a Crow's Skull floats in the air next to slim.

Fiddler : dat dere's a Crossroad Denzien, it ain't much different from a demon, but der are dings you should know. He can only summon one but it can only be magic by magic or magic infused items.
>>
No. 817401 ID: 50b008

rolled 3 = 3

>>817396
>crow skull
Muh fetish.
I'm assuming Fiddler meant that it could only be hurt with magic. Stun spike that shit up.
>>
No. 817413 ID: fa044c

rolled 6 + 10 = 16

>>817401
And then follow it up with a headshot.
>>
No. 817426 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 18 + 10 = 28

Have Fiddler do his thing again! Then shoot Slim in the fucking face!
>>
No. 817427 ID: 91ee5f

>>817426
Alright!

Also, I'm half expecting Troy and Issei to show up and help out. Mostly because Freitast could help free Troy and then Troy frees Issei and they both follow the sounds of your fight to find you!

But, I don't think you're that lucky.
>>
No. 817429 ID: 3ce125

>>817427
Troy and Issei are currently trees.
>>
No. 817433 ID: 91ee5f

>>817429
I know, but if you were paying attention, you'd know that Troy has the goddess Freitast living inside of him. And just like how she freed him from whatever illusion he was in back in New Olmec, Freitast can probably free him from being a tree.

And that's what I was saying: Freitast could probably free Troy and then Troy can free Issei.
>>
No. 817463 ID: 8a947d
File 150070021705.png - (262.38KB , 1212x826 , Train Roof 3.png )
817463

>rolled 3 = 3
You hit both the Crow Skull and Slim with Stun Spike [58oz ==> 46oz], Slim is STUNNED but the Crow Skull seems unaffected aside from a small amount of damage.

Fiddler: Stun Spike don't do that much damage Gal!

The Crow's Skull rears back and blast's you with a stream of voodoo energy dealing 10 damage to you! [25hp ==> 15hp]
>>
No. 817464 ID: 8a947d
File 150070040726.png - (98.82KB , 1212x826 , Train Roof 4.png )
817464

Fiddler: C'mon Gal it ain't dat bad...

Fiddler Imp plays something on his violin and restores 3 of your health [15hp ==> 18hp]

Slim is STUNNED
what's your next move ?
>>
No. 817466 ID: 50b008

rolled 1 = 1

>>817464
Have Fiddler distract the skull while Gallows steals Slim's voodoo shit.
>>
No. 817468 ID: 50b008

>>817466
RIP
>>
No. 817475 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 15 + 10 = 25

>>817464
Use Aether Sight to find Slim's effigy on his body and shoot that with our gun! Don't use the Blue Baroness since we've got limited shots with it!
>>
No. 817476 ID: fa044c

>>817475
Winner here
>>
No. 817483 ID: 3ce125

The Gluttony can grab Slim. You can shoot the ghost with your magic gun.
>>
No. 817485 ID: 3ce125

rolled 6 + 8 = 14

>>817483
Oh I should roll for the shot. Guns use PER right?
>>
No. 817497 ID: fa044c

>>817485
Oooor since that roll got kinda fucked how about we let the gluttony and the crow skull duke it out while we shoot at Slim with the good roll earlier?
>>
No. 817520 ID: 8d4593

Gluttony, Consume his legs!
>>
No. 817588 ID: 8a947d
File 150076210803.png - (352.98KB , 1212x826 , Train Roof 5.png )
817588

>rolled 1 = 1
CRITICAL FAILURE

Fiddler Imp attempts to keep the Crow Skull busy, but the skull is much faster than Fiddler is with his violin. The Crow Skull hits Fiddler Imp with a head on beam of energy killing Fiddler Imp in one shot.

Fiddler Imp is DEAD
>>
No. 817589 ID: 8a947d
File 150076261678.png - (246.04KB , 1212x826 , Train Roof 6 (2).png )
817589

The Gluttony rushes around the skull and behind Slim grabbing him in its mouth. The Crow Skull turns towards you but seems unable to shoot again.

You activate Aether Sight real quick [46oz ==> 36oz] and find the Effigy hidden in an armored container in his back pocket. You quickly reach into his pocket and take it.

Now do you want to kill him quickly or interrogate him ?
>>
No. 817599 ID: be0718

Quickly. Take no chances!
>>
No. 817603 ID: 3ce125

>>817589
Find out what his boss wants the AZERITE for.
>>
No. 817604 ID: 094652

Take him out before the Crow Skull can peck your eye, interrogate his mook later!
>>
No. 817613 ID: 50b008

rolled 15 = 15

Execution!
>>
No. 817615 ID: 486e87

Aw hell, I liked the fiddler imp. Gluttony, chew.
>>
No. 817626 ID: 91ee5f

>>817589
"You shouldn't have fucked with me! But don't worry Laurence, you won't be alone for long. I'll send Donny to keep you company, as quickly as possible."

Kill him!
>>
No. 817666 ID: 8a947d
File 150077570869.png - (296.69KB , 1212x826 , Train Roof 7.png )
817666

You decide to end him as soon as possible.

You: Shouldn't have fucked with me Laurence! you won't be coming back anytime soon.

You prepare to smash the effigy but you are suddenly knocked aside by a large tree root sprouting out of the roof of the train. The same root has impaled your Roaming Gluttony killing it and freeing Slim but sending over the side of the train along with you!
>>
No. 817675 ID: 8a947d
File 150077702122.png - (448.35KB , 1212x826 , Train Roof 8.png )
817675

Slim is caught by another tree root from the side of the train, you catch onto it as well. Slim's Crow Skull follows him down, and the effigy is caught by another branch above both of you. Hanging off of a moving train by a branch is impairing your AGILITY

Slim pulls his revolver from his pocket.

After the death of your Roaming Gluttony you're left with the Hunter-Killer Hawk to summon and maybe the Fiddler Imp if you're fast enough to summon him on the side of the train.

If you want to summon Fiddler Imp it'll be much harder than usual, you don't normally play violin on the sides of moving trains.
(Roll 1d20 adding 1. 3 from STRENGTH to hold on, but subtracting 2 from impaired AGILITY for playing the violin) [Success = 20]
>>
No. 817681 ID: 91ee5f

>>817675
What would we need to roll to succeed in just shooting the effigy?

Or just shooting Slim?
>>
No. 817682 ID: 8a947d

>>817681
Gun and Ranged rolls use PERCEPTION
>>
No. 817690 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 16 + 10 = 26

>>817682
Oh, I thought something would be subtracted while on the side of the train.

Shoot Slim with the Blue Baroness! The bullet should go through him and through the side of the train car, which will let us teleport inside of the train! That'll help us get the drop on Shorty!
>>
No. 817702 ID: a2d9cf

>>817690
Good plans and good roll
>>
No. 817710 ID: 50b008

>>817690
We don't have the effigy, though. We need to deal with him here.
>>
No. 817721 ID: a2d9cf

>>817710
I bet the hunter hawk might able to sweep in and grab it though
>>
No. 817753 ID: b20e5a

>>817721
I highly doubt the hunter hawk can get past the laser spewing skull.
>>
No. 817812 ID: 8d4593

Fire the blue baroness upward at the effigy and teleport into the air. Summon the hawk there and return to the train. We need to free an ally. Perhaps with a tool from the kitchen.
>>
No. 817879 ID: 8a947d
File 150085255113.png - (336.06KB , 1212x826 , Train Roof Hawk Summon.png )
817879

You use your summon pack and bring out a Hunter Killer Hawk. The Hawk flies into the air and grabs the effigy from the branch
>>
No. 817880 ID: 8a947d
File 150085285724.png - (464.33KB , 1212x826 , Train Roof 9.png )
817880

>rolled 16 + 10 = 26
You aim the Blue Baroness as well as you can to line up towards the conductors car and Slim. You fire and hit Slim, You can tell the pain is starting to get to him; especially since he can't drop his dice to divide the damage on the side of the train.

He fires back and hits you in your shoulder for 4 Damage [18hp ==> 14hp]
>>
No. 817881 ID: 8a947d
File 150085303096.png - (271.40KB , 1212x826 , Train 23.png )
817881

You activate the Blue Baroness' ability and warp yourself into the interior of the train, You only have 3 Blue Baroness bullets left.

The conductor's car is right in front of you.
>>
No. 817888 ID: 34f035

rolled 14 + 10 = 24

>>817881
"Sup' Shorty!? Remember me!?"

And give em a headshot!
>>
No. 817890 ID: 094652

rolled 3 = 3

Open the door from the side, DO NOT BREACH DIRECTLY. Try to nonlethal takedown Shorty with stealth.
>>
No. 817891 ID: 91ee5f

>>817888
This'll work! Also, let's use a different gun and save what's left of the Blue Baroness' ammo!
>>
No. 817893 ID: 91ee5f

>>817891
Oh! Uh, can we summon Fiddler Imp real quick? Having some backup would be really helpful now!
>>
No. 817906 ID: 486e87

>>817893
Maybe not, we'd lose the element of surprise since Shorty doesn't know about the blue baron's warping ability and playing the violin would alert them to our presence.
>>
No. 817918 ID: 91ee5f

>>817906
Ok, I guess you've got a point. We'll summon Fiddler Imp later. For now, go shoot Shorty with a gun that isn't the Blue Baroness!
>>
No. 817957 ID: 8a947d
File 150086829144.png - (107.91KB , 1212x826 , Train 24.png )
817957

>Shoot Shorty in the head.
you're pretty sure Shorty has an Effigy too, you killed him back at Ulriks he's still alive. Right now you need to take his effigy from him, you ready your knife and enter the conductor's car.

Inside Shorty is pacing back and forward nervously until he see's you come in.

Shorty: W-What the ? Oh hell!

He doesn't do anything but stand there and stair at you. How do you want to deal with him?
>>
No. 817960 ID: 90f3c0

rolled 10 + 10 = 20

Go for a crippling leg shot.

Activate Aether Sight to find his effigy.
>>
No. 817965 ID: 3ce125

>>817957
Tell him to surrender, then knock him out with a pistol whip (should be a bit easier now). Then find his effigy and break it. Hold him at gunpoint for when Slim gets back here. Should be obvious he should give up, at that point.
>>
No. 817980 ID: fa8f9d

Donny! I already have Laurence's effigy and if you don't want me to kill him you better both stand down.
>>
No. 817985 ID: 315280

>>817960
This
>>
No. 817986 ID: 3ce125

Well if we're gonna shoot him, no real need to use the magic gun.
>>
No. 817987 ID: e7bd79

Can we just tell the hawk to fly in front of the moving train to you know take measures against it going down.
>>
No. 817991 ID: 91ee5f

>>817987
Or we could just tell the hawk to crush the effigy in it's claws right now.
>>
No. 818104 ID: 8a947d
File 150092910249.png - (303.54KB , 1212x826 , Train 25.png )
818104

You pop shorty once in the leg with your Sixshot [22 ==> 21] and steal his effigy off of him. Your Hunter Killer Hawk flies into the conductor's car and hands you Slim's Effigy. Now you have the upper hand: Slim's hanging off of the side of the train, Shorty's incapacitated, and you have both of their effigy's
>>
No. 818106 ID: e7bd79

Destroy both, if the flying skull doesn't dissipate because of said action, prepare for it and also find a way to get rid of the tree magic.
>>
No. 818107 ID: 486e87

Destroy the effigies. Wait, that tree wasn't behind you before, was it? Dodge!
>>
No. 818108 ID: 3583d1

rolled 11 + 6 = 17

TREE INCOMING! DODGE! (agility roll is +6)
>>
No. 818111 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 19 + 6 = 25

>>818104
There's a tree behind you! Dodge it!
>>
No. 818113 ID: 91ee5f

>>818104
Oh, wait, that's the conductor. He's been turned into a tree also.

We should still get away from it, just in case Shorty makes it attack us!

Let's destroy the effigies and then tell Shorty to undo the tree stuff he's doing!
>>
No. 818117 ID: 8a947d
File 150093178309.png - (228.17KB , 1212x826 , Train 26.png )
818117

What ? Oh that's just the conductor. He must've been turned into a tree like all of the others.

You: Alright Shorty you have to-
>>
No. 818121 ID: 8a947d
File 150093190478.png - (219.93KB , 1212x826 , Train 27.png )
818121

Tree branches shoot out of the ground towards you.

>rolled 19 + 6 = 25

Luckily you're fast enough to dodge them. The branches hit the side of the room and bend the steel of the wall opening a hole in the train.
>>
No. 818122 ID: 8a947d
File 150093196254.png - (291.00KB , 1212x826 , Train Roof 28.png )
818122

The Crow's Skull lowers down into the room and stares at you, charging another attack.
>>
No. 818131 ID: dd4df2

rolled 6 + 8 = 14

Tell your hunter-killer to destroy Laurence's effigy, then shoot Donny's effigy. Sit down by Donny, point your gun at him and flip the bird-skull the bird.

"Donny, call your brother. Tell him to un-summon his Denizen right the goddamn now, unless he wants you to be caught up in its blast effigy-less."

Charm and speech bonus.
>>
No. 818133 ID: dd4df2

>>818131

On the one hand, ough, that's low. On the other, if I've read the situation right, we might have a hell of a circumstance bonus.

Also, thinking about it, sitting down might not be necessary. Just being in the immediate vicinity should do, looking at the spread of that beam.
>>
No. 818150 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 11 + 8 = 19

>>818131
This sounds good!
>>
No. 818152 ID: 91ee5f

>>818150
Well, that's higher than what was rolled earlier, but is it enough?
>>
No. 818199 ID: 3ce125

rolled 4 + 6 = 10

>>818122
I feel as though the hunter-killer hawk should attack it with its energy beam thing, and you should dodge.
>>
No. 818228 ID: 8a947d
File 150095319504.png - (327.70KB , 1212x826 , Train 29.png )
818228

Before the Crow's Skull can fire you roll to where Shorty is and grab him by the neck while the same time crushing his effigy in your hand. The Hawk cracks Slim's effigy in its claw. You point your Sixshot at Shorty's head.

The Crow's Skull stops charging its beam and stares at you and Shorty, soon Slim climbs through the hole in the wall and gets a view of the scene before him. There's a long silence before Slim says anything.

Slim: Well? What's it gonna be?

Shorty: Laurence you can't-

Slim: Donny. Be quiet. So you got demands or you just plan to kill us here and now ?
>>
No. 818232 ID: 094652

Shoot Donny in the neck to show you're serious. When he gets angry, threaten to destroy the Azerite chunk. He'll listen.

The "deal" is simple. Slim leaves. That's it. Risking Donny's life to bleedout is Slim's "Idiot tax", but he can cut his losses now and hope to whatever voodoo

(check for sneak attack here)

god he grovels before to spare his brother, or just rush in and die while you use what's left of Donny as a mana pool for your magic.
>>
No. 818234 ID: 45db1c

>>818228
Order Slim to reverse the hex that's keeping everyone a tree, then get off the train. Shorty will be left at the next stop without any further harm as long as they both cooperate. If Slim tries anything funny, then Shorty's going to be a head shorter.
>>
No. 818237 ID: 91ee5f

>>818228
>So you got demands or you just plan to kill us here and now?
"I'll only kill you if you do something stupid."

"First of all, get rid of that crow skull. Next, undo your tree bullshit and free everyone. Finally, explain how the fuck you assholes knew I was going to be on this train."

As soon as they undo the tree stuff, Issei should be able to smell blood and voodoo magic and he'll come over here, with Troy right behind him!

>>818232
No, that's too much.
>>
No. 818241 ID: fc33ea

Calm down Donny, your pal here isn't stupid, is he Lawrence. What you're going to do is turn all the trees back into people, and then fuck as far off away from me as is possible and never come back. You haven't won an engagement yet and the next time I see you or shorty here, you'll both have jigsaw puzzles for heads.
>>
No. 818242 ID: 91ee5f

>>818241
Or we could let Issei eat them! But, don't tell them that! It'll be a surprise next time they try and fuck with us!
>>
No. 818248 ID: 48ccfe

People like you burn fate.

"Laurence, the worst deal you ever made was the one that put you in my line of fire. Wotcher contracts say? How deep you in? Any way to back out, renegotiate, repay, renege? You got into this shit for your bro. Can you get out, or is your voodoo dependency the one-way street of crippling debt I've been told it is?"
>>
No. 818252 ID: f505e7

If we keep going like this we all will die tonight and I don't want that. I just want to fix the world is that to much to ask. So please let me be.
>>
No. 818271 ID: 8a947d
File 150096153739.png - (162.17KB , 1212x826 , Train 30.png )
818271

You: I don't plan on killing anybody unless you do something stupid. First, I want tweety bird over there gone, it's making me nervous.

Slim snaps his fingers and the skull dissipates into the air.

You: Good, now let's get these people fixed. Which ever one of you's making the passengers into trees knock it off.

Shorty mutters something under his breath and the air in the train car feels like it's gotten lighter, the train conductor turns back to normal, though he's unconscious and you can assume the rest of the car is the same way.

You:...and now this one might be a bit of a stretch, but I don't ever want to see you two around again or I will not be as merciful.

You let go of Donny and push him towards Laurence. You begin to remember things you shouldn't now in the first place.

You: How deep are in this voodoo thing Laurence ? You got into it for your brother but now it looks like you're just getting him in more danger.

Laurence: You don't know shit! Alright pagan ? You got your victory this time but I ain't backin down from this, big things are comin' and I ain't gettin' left behind.

Laurence snaps his fingers and the two fade from existence leaving no trace they were ever there.

You feel tired...
>>
No. 818274 ID: 91ee5f

>>818271
Ok, put your gun away and wake the conductor up so that the train doesn't end up getting derailed or something!

Then head back to your seat where Troy and Issei are. If they're unconscious, then wake them up.

If Troy asks where the food is, start by saying, "I've got a perfectly good explanation for that and neither of you are gonna like it." Then explain everything that happened, including the part where everyone was a bunch of trees.

If they complain about you letting the voodoo brothers go, tell them, "Oh, trust me, this is their only chance. If we see them again and they try to fuck with us again, feel free to kill them." Oh, and don't forget to tell Troy and Issei how to kill the voodoo brothers, in case they run into them without you.
>>
No. 818275 ID: 91ee5f

>>818274
Also, make sure you check your seat before you sit down, just in case the voodoo brothers left something there!
>>
No. 818283 ID: 3ce125

>>818271
Grab the remains of their effigies. Could be valuable.
>>
No. 818284 ID: e7bd79

Tend to the hole on your shoulder. Maybe fiddler imp can work some of that sweet heals.
>>
No. 818315 ID: 91ee5f

>>818275
Mention that, since they were after you, you're very lucky that Troy was lazy and made you go get his food for him, otherwise you would've also been turned into a tree!
>>
No. 818337 ID: 8a947d
File 150101902593.png - (88.49KB , 1212x826 , Train 31.png )
818337

You meander back over to your seat where Issei and Troy are waiting, they seem to have waken up from their sleep.

Troy: There you are! did ya find the food cart? And...didn't you go the other way?

You: Long story.

Issei: gallows are you bleeding ?

You: Spilled ketchup on myself, anyway here's your food.

You drop off the bowl of chowder and the strawberry salad on the table then slide into your seat. From here on it should be a smooth ride to Ender Port.
>>
No. 818344 ID: 8a947d
File 150102067607.png - (183.46KB , 1212x826 , Ding Train 1.png )
818344

Fighting voodoo gangsters on top of a train and weaseling your way out using a hostage had helped you gain enough experience to bring you to the next level.

STRENGTH, PERCEPTION, ENDURANCE, CHARM, and AGILITY increase.
>>
No. 818345 ID: 8a947d
File 150102107274.png - (119.73KB , 1212x826 , Ding Train 2.png )
818345

By leveling up, you can now upgrade one of your abilities to give it more power or a new functionality.

Choose one of the upgrades.

[Aether Sight] ==> [Aether Scan]: Aether Scan let's you assess enemy health more accurately

[Stun Spike] ==> [Stun Claw]: Stun Claw does a small amount of damage to anyone hit.
>>
No. 818348 ID: 9876c4

Endurance and Stun Claw
>>
No. 818350 ID: 8d4593

Aether Scan

Aether Sight is easily our most used ability and while the upgrade isn't spectacular, upgrades further up the tree might be.
>>
No. 818352 ID: 751120

Aether Scan - knowing if an enemy will die to a slight breeze when you've been intimidated into summoning to even the odds will help you preserve resources and spend them towards attacking efficiently.
>>
No. 818354 ID: 90f3c0

Stun Claw. That last fight made your lack of offensive magic apparent.
>>
No. 818358 ID: 3abd97

Aether Scan
>>
No. 818359 ID: 91ee5f

>>818345
Stun Claw

And when you wake up, make sure you give Troy and Issei the whole story of what happened, so that they don't fall for the same trap a second time!
>>
No. 818362 ID: 45db1c

Upgrade Aether Sight.
>>
No. 818373 ID: 3740b1

Claw. We need booms, and this might lead to booms.
>>
No. 818446 ID: 315280

Stun claw
>>
No. 818452 ID: 8a947d
File 150104434898.png - (133.38KB , 1212x826 , Train 32.png )
818452

Your [Stun Spike] becomes [Stun Claw].

Troy: So...We just gonna ignore that Gallows is covered in blood and sweat ?

Issei: it's a little hard to when i have to smell him.

Troy: UCK! This chowders cold!
>>
No. 818453 ID: 8a947d
File 150104440699.png - (39.98KB , 1212x826 , The Dream Haze.png )
818453

...
>>
No. 818458 ID: 8a947d
File 150104469660.png - (111.12KB , 1212x826 , A Premonition 1.png )
818458

Shorty: Boss I'm sorry this job didn't go so well... we let ya down.

Slim: I let you down Boss, I wasn't ready to risk Donny's life for this. I understand if I'm going to be punished but-

Boss: Boys. You both did well, the fact that things when south was a matter of bad luck. The fact that you're both alive despite the destruction of your effigy's is good.

Boss: Slim, you did the right thing.

Boss: Anyway, I'm putting this plan on ice. I underestimated the Pagan, and the fact that he's got more allies is only making this harder.

Boss: we're going with plan B

>>
No. 818459 ID: 8a947d
File 150104489732.png - (82.67KB , 1212x826 , A Premonition 2.png )
818459

???: Hey! What about me !?

???: You said if those bone heads screwed up I'd be up next !

Boss: Gya, these guys are more dangerous than I had previously anticipated.

Boss: If you want to risk your life than fine but I'm not going to be a part of it

Gya: Yay! I've been getting bored just sitting around here.

Gya skips off to wherever

>>
No. 818472 ID: 8a947d
File 150104569204.png - (278.36KB , 1212x826 , A Premonition 3.png )
818472

Boss flips open a gold pocket watch and glances at the time, behind him an ethereal creature materializes from nothing. A Lowa stands behind boss whispering into his ear.

Lowa: y0u kn0w h3 can s33 y0u r1ght ?

Boss: Yeah, being that close to Azerite for that long does that to ya.

Lowa: y0u s33m pr3tty calm d3sp1t3 running 0ut 0f t1m3, y0u hav3n't f0rg0tt3n 0ur d3al hav3 y0u ?

Boss: I'll find a way Datba. Panicking never helps anyone.

Latba: 1'm glad all humans ar3n't as l3v3l-h3ad3d as y0u, 1t'd b3 hard3r t0 trick th3m. that pagan 1s an 1nt3r3st1ng 0ne h0w3v3r, k33p an 3y3 0ut f0r h1m.

The Lowa Datba's form disperses and Boss is left alone once more.

Boss: Things are getting heated, and the game hasn't even begun yet.

[END CHAPTER 5]
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password