[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 814448)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 149966406019.png - (74.25KB , 800x800 , Let's Get Spooky.png )
814448 No. 814448 ID: 241143

>In a dark dark forest there was a dark dark hill.

>On the dark dark hill there was a dark dark house.

>In the dark dark house there were some dark dark stairs.

>At the end of the dark dark stairs there was a dark dark room.

>In the dark dark room there was...
Expand all images
>>
No. 814449 ID: 241143
File 149966410371.png - (115.72KB , 800x800 , Spookquest1.png )
814449

>Some sort of thing. That hadn't decided what to be yet. They hadn't even decided on a gender yet. What gender are they going to be?
>>
No. 814451 ID: be0718

A female, so we can reuse the boo-bees pun to un-death.
>>
No. 814452 ID: 7fad5d

>>814451
A male, to avoid this sort of thing.
>>
No. 814453 ID: 9ce3a3

>>814451
I must support this pun.
Female.
>>
No. 814454 ID: 91ee5f

A female, but not for the same reasons as this guy: >>814451 .
>>
No. 814456 ID: 241143
File 149966511172.png - (107.67KB , 800x800 , Sppokquest2.png )
814456

>GORL has been selected. Now, what are we? Somethin' spooky probably.

>Ghost
>Mime
>Clown
>Vampire
>Imp
>Frankenstein
>Zombie
>Somethin else!?!?!?
>>
No. 814457 ID: 3abd97

Vamp
>>
No. 814458 ID: 143250

A giant freakin spider!
>>
No. 814460 ID: 9ce3a3

>>814458
Chimeric Frankenstein. With a spiderbutt.
>>
No. 814463 ID: 031add

Drider.
>>
No. 814464 ID: 91ee5f

>>814463
This.
>>
No. 814475 ID: 3373e2

Wendigo
>>
No. 814476 ID: 241143
File 149966786186.png - (153.32KB , 800x800 , Sppokquest3.png )
814476

>Spiders are definitely super spooky! What abilities shall she have? And in addition, what is her name?

>Poisonous
>Webmaking
>Fluffy
>Resistant
>Other Spidery thimgs
>>
No. 814477 ID: 3373e2

Fluffy and some-what venomous, paralyzing but not killing unless injected with a large amount.
>>
No. 814478 ID: 7b7ab3

>>814476
>Webmaking
>Poisonous
She looks like a Rachel to me.
>>
No. 814479 ID: 143250

Webmaking.
>>
No. 814482 ID: 031add

Webs, wall-walking, paralytic venom. Also you shall be Lavender.
>>
No. 814484 ID: 91ee5f

>>814482
This is excellent!
>>
No. 814487 ID: 143250

I like the name Lavender.
>>
No. 814501 ID: 144af2

I dunno if fluffy counts as a power but I want it nonetheless
>>
No. 814502 ID: 8a947d

Spiders have to know how to make webs, plus only the spookiest spiders have venom.

Lavender sounds like a good name.
>>
No. 814509 ID: 1e7aa8

Leaping. Fuck spinning webs and waiting around. We HUNT for our food!
>>
No. 814514 ID: 3abd97

Fluffy and webs.

>>814482
Lavender is a good name.
>>
No. 814544 ID: 031add

Good idea >>814509
I would like to add pounce to my list of abilities.
>>
No. 814546 ID: b20e5a

Poison and webmaking, we're a spider, so what else is in the other section?
>>
No. 814547 ID: be0718

I see things went excellently while I was asleep.
Poisonous, leaping, fluffy webmaking spider! And her name is Lavender!
>>
No. 814571 ID: 241143
File 149971404170.png - (159.44KB , 800x800 , Sppokquest4.png )
814571

>Lavender! Lavender looks like she likes that name. She has the following capabilities:

> LEAP - Move a great distance in a single bound! It allows for sudden bursts of movement that would otherwise be dodgeable.

> FLUFFY - Covered in a soft set of fuzz, she is soft to the touch. This also acts as an insulator, keeping her temperature regulated.

> POISON - 3 different types of toxins are present in her fangs! Aphrodisiac, Paralyzing, and Neurotoxin. They are fairly self explanatory.

> WEAVER - Lavender has the ability to create both sticky and nonsticky silk, for the creation of ropes, webs, traps, nets, and so on.


>WHERE would you like to start? She is currently in the TEMPORARY BEDROOM which will CEASE EXISTING once she enters the house. There is nothing INTERESTING in here.

>FOYER - central hub, info
>HALLWAY - resident room
>LOUNGE - relaxation, residential area
>COURTYARD - relaxation, outside
>>
No. 814574 ID: b0d281

Courtyard, lots of places to set up webs
>>
No. 814575 ID: be0718

A folding bedroom? Now that's spooky!

Go to the Hallway and make friends!
>>
No. 814578 ID: e121d3

She should go talk to her skeleton landlords, I presume they're in the Foyer.
>>
No. 814579 ID: d79f26

look at cat poster to gain INSPIRATION.
then head out into the foyer and get on the ceiling, like any proper spider.
>>
No. 814580 ID: ba506f

>COURTYARD
>>
No. 814589 ID: 143250

Before leaving, take blanket, and wear it like a cloak, or a cape.
>>
No. 814619 ID: 3abd97

>>814571
Foyer. We should get info before doing anything else.

Before you leave, make a net out of web and disguise it as a cape or doily on your back. If necessary, we can pull it off and throw it at someone (as part of an attack, or to facilitate attack).
>>
No. 814621 ID: 241143
File 149972339324.png - (215.14KB , 800x800 , Spookquest5_png.png )
814621

>The votes are even! After a quick randomizer, it's decided that the HALLWAY would be the most logical choice for the room to open up into.

> what's with that FUNGUS TRAPDOOR?
> gee, this COFFIN SHAPED DOOR sure looks fancy.
> how is that SHABBY LOOKING DOOR still holding together?
> what's with the SUBMARINE HATCH on the ceiling?
> gee that HEAVY LOOKING DOOR sure is coated in blood...
> this STITCHED UP DOOR feels a bit shocky to the touch.
> who thought it would be a good idea to put a MONOCHROME DOOR on the ceiling!?
> actually, let's check out the FOYER

>Choices will be tallied after about an hour, the one with the most votes is the choice made.
>>
No. 814624 ID: e121d3

Where do the big skeleton, little skeleton and dog skeleton live?

Anyway, I wanted to stay the stitched door, but we don't want your fluff to get static-y. Try the shabby door! By knocking politely, of course.
>>
No. 814626 ID: 3abd97

>>814621
Try the coffin shaped door.
>>
No. 814629 ID: ba506f

>MONOCHROME DOOR
>>
No. 814632 ID: be0718

>Fungus trapdoor!

If nothing gets more than one vote, you could just spin the bottle.
>>
No. 814633 ID: 7fad5d

>>814621
Stitched-up door.
>>
No. 814637 ID: 3ce125

>>814621
Shabby door.
>>
No. 814639 ID: 241143
File 149972843849.png - (120.43KB , 800x800 , Peabody.png )
814639

> Looks like you guys want to try the SHABBY DOOR.

>The door creaks open very slowly, before a torrent of mice floods out, washing away what appears to be a book or two and some glass vials in a flash flood of squeaking, furry bodies that press uncomfortably against Lavender for a moment. Inside of the room, standing atop a pair of massive books, next to an even more massive bookcase that is so full that books seem to be creaking with the way they're shoved in there, is a being no more than 3 feet tall. The room itself is filled with an acrid, distinctly acidic smell, and all sorts of beakers and bottles fill the otherwise still very cluttered shelves, all sorts of various ingredients seem to line the shelves, stacked haphazardly atop books and other glass vials, leaking and ruining pages. Not only that, the sheer amount of rats and mice that are present is almost staggering. They skitter through the walls, under the floorboards, and over pages of what appears to be very sloppy research.

[???] Close the door, close the door! In or out! Can't afford more of my precious lovelies getting out...
>>
No. 814641 ID: be0718

Oh, we're sorry! That's uh, a lot of mice you got there. And there. And everywhere. What are you researching?
>>
No. 814642 ID: 3abd97

Enter, close door, and apologize.
>>
No. 814644 ID: 91ee5f

>>814642
This.
>>
No. 814645 ID: 241143
File 149972987187.png - (120.43KB , 800x800 , Peabody.png )
814645

> After apologizing and entering properly, closing the door behind herself, Lavender finds herself standing in a ratfilled room with a quite short person. On closer inspection, they appear to actually lack limbs entirely, hands and booted feet floating around their central body.

[PEABODY]
Dateability: 4/10
Snuff: 7/10
Snoot: 10/10
Short: 10/10

[PEABODY] is a Plague Doctor, a HORROR type monster. They really enjoy WEIRD POTIONS, and having a metric SHIT TON of RATS around them at all times. They're self conscious about their HEIGHT and probably have a lot of INFECTIOUS DISEASES. They spend most of their time looking up BAD SCIENCE and trying to find cures for FAKE ILLNESSES. They're quite close to finding a cure for THE BEES KNEES

[PEABODY] : So, what brings you into my lab, huh? Haven't seen you around before. You new? My name's Peabody. Don't wear it out, I don't have any back ups for it yet!
>>
No. 814646 ID: e121d3

Say yes, you are new, and you just wanted to go around and introduce yourself to everybody. Hello! You picked his door first because it seemed friendly! Was this a correct assessment?

Ask him, if he pleases, if there's anybody who would be especially bothered by a spider coming to visit? Or who would especially bother a spider who came to visit!
>>
No. 814655 ID: 241143
File 149973375902.png - (120.43KB , 800x800 , Peabody.png )
814655

> The short figure idly mixes two potions together while they're talking, seeming semi distracted from them and more focused on Lavender. As they talk, they potion begins to glow a brilliant green color.

[PEABODY] : Well, that's awful nice of you! Last one that showed up didn't even bother to introduce herself! Just weirdly quiet. Nice other than that though.

[PEABODY] : I Don't think anyone here would bother you, to be precise! And if anyone is bothered by you, I hope it's those dang intruders. Lousy no good...

>Peabody chucks one of the two potions at the wall, where it shatters, and one of the rats is splashed by the mixture. They seem to double in size and turn a foul greenish color, becoming almost ghoulish in appearance, before letting out a ugly, almost human sounding chuckle.

[PEABODY] : Those dang intruders always messing up my stuff! ...Wait have you been to the foyer yet? You probably don't know about some stuff if you haven't. Dang. Well! You'll learn in time regardless.
>>
No. 814658 ID: 3abd97

Intruders?

I wonder if we could make some kind of web-net or fence to put in front of the door, so he doesn't lose as many rats when people come and go. Like a pet gate.
>>
No. 814660 ID: f36501

>>814658
That's adorable. Let's ask him if he wants us to first?

And then make our way to the foyer for this information, since we're new here and all.
>>
No. 814663 ID: c16eff

Yeah offer to make a web net and to help chase off the intruders. Ask about those potions too.
>>
No. 814668 ID: 241143
File 149973555408.png - (120.43KB , 800x800 , Peabody.png )
814668

>Peabody chuckles at the suggestion, and shakes their head slowly side to side. As they do so, their entire body seems to move with them, further cementing the idea that the being is in fact just a mask, with everything else either surreptitiously attached or simply left to float nearby.

[PEABODY] : Oh, no, don't worry about it. The rats can crawl out through the walls and floorboards if they so chose. Besides, have you seen how shabby that door is? They can just crawl out the cracks if they wanted! No, they gather here because they like me. You'll learn about the intruders in due time. After all, it's why all of us are here! To take care of those pesky intruders...

> The question about potions piques Peabody's interest, almost causing him to drop the one he has in hand. He fumbles a little, looking embarrassed about it for a moment, before piping up again.

[PEABODY] : Uh! My potions aren't cheap! But they can do pretty much anything to be honest. Really depends on what you want them for. Tell you what, if you give me a few ingredients, I could mix one for you! All the ingredients should be easily found in the garden. All you have to do is go gather them for me! The recipe book should be over there.

> The Recipe Book Peabody has pointed out is covered in all sorts of scribblings and goop to the point you can't actually make out any recipes from rat dung. You could point this out, but it doesn't seem like the best idea... Maybe someone else will have a recipe you can use?

[PEABODY] : Don't be a stranger now!
>>
No. 814670 ID: 241143
File 149973569159.png - (305.57KB , 800x800 , Spookquest6.png )
814670

>You FAST TRAVEL back to the FOYER. It appears that the FOYER is the only place you can FAST TRAVEL too, everywhere else requires some LEGWORK. Good thing you've got so MANY.

> head up the stairs to the HALLWAY
> the COURTYARD looks beautiful tonight
> looks like the LOUNGE is in the basement
> what's up with that ODD PAINTING
> that's a weird looking SUIT OF ARMOR
>>
No. 814672 ID: 8a947d

>>814670
Lets go to the courtyard and get some fresh air.
>>
No. 814673 ID: c16eff

Yeah go to the courtyard, spin some webs under the moon.
>>
No. 814676 ID: 91ee5f

Courtyard! Let's look at the pretty moon! Hopefully it's a full moon tonight!
>>
No. 814679 ID: 031add

Weave a web on the floor in front of the door before we go, to catch any intruders or new friends .
>>
No. 814680 ID: 241143
File 149973786939.png - (279.89KB , 800x800 , Spookquest7.png )
814680

> Lavender heads to the COURTYARD. It is a BRISK, MOONLESS NIGHT, and the air is surprisingly CRISP. There is not light pollution here, as we are MILES FROM CIVILIZATION

> head back to the FOYER
> the water in this FOUNTAIN looks cold
> a lovely GARDEN tangles it's way around nearby
> theres a pathway into the WOODS
>>
No. 814682 ID: 7b7ab3

Take a stroll through the GARDEN.
>>
No. 814687 ID: 3abd97

Huh I didn't see an information booth or anything in the foyer.

Maybe the info is hidden in the painting? Or you had to talk to the armor?

Avoid cold water, it will counteract your warm fluff by making it soggy.

Leap up a tree for a elevated view of your surroundings!
>>
No. 814688 ID: 91ee5f

>>814680
>It is a BRISK, MOONLESS NIGHT
Awww, no full moon.

Let's try the garden!
>>
No. 814690 ID: 241143
File 149973971346.png - (208.04KB , 800x800 , Oddrie.png )
814690

> Lavender enters the GARDEN.

> There is a thick, almost intoxicating scent, that causes her to stumble forwards, her eyes seemingly dimmed by whatever odd effect she's under. She wobbles through the thick vines, until she finds the source of the oddly alluring scent, and also, coincidentally, the source of the vines. The garden itself is comprised mostly of this curious greenery, from which all sorts of various types of fruits grow. Apples, Oranges, Grapes, Bananas, Ananas - (also known as Pineapples), Lemons, Limes, you name it and it grows here. The gardener does not seem too fond of cutting any of them down.

[???] Well well well! A new, insectoid face in town! It was about time we got someone relating to creepy crawlies, and Jerry doesn't count, no matter how much he gives me the jeebies...
>>
No. 814694 ID: 143250

"But... But... I'm not an insect... I eat insects!"
>>
No. 814695 ID: c16eff

Hi I'm Lavender. Any pest problems you need help with? Spiders are good against the insectoid menace.
>>
No. 814698 ID: 241143
File 149974080450.png - (208.04KB , 800x800 , Oddrie.png )
814698

> Your claims of not being an insect and that you, in fact, eat insects, causes the plant being to laugh slightly.

[???] : Haha. You really are new, huh? I'm guessing you haven't stopped by Toblerone yet. He's the... ah... painting. And the head of household.

[ODDRIE] : My name's Oddrie. I'm the gardener and hunter in the gardens. The... latter term includes a lot of stuff with it, you'll want to ask Toblerone about that...

[ODDRIE]
Dateability: 7/10
Ferns: 8/10
Furls: 5/10
Flies: 0/10

[ODDRIE] is a Carnivorous Plant Monster, and classifies as, just like Audrey, a VISCERAL type monster. He's quite the GOURMAND, and thoroughly enjoys WELL PREPARED FOODS. He's a master of HYPNOTISM, as both his PHEROMONES and his SIREN LIKE VOICE lure people in close so he can attack. He's surprisingly fond of most INVERTEBRATES, except for FLIES, which he has an ODD CRAVING for. it is his not so secret SHAME. He spends most of his time in, and being a PART OF, the GARDEN, since he is entirely IMMOBILE.
>>
No. 814699 ID: 3abd97

>>814698
Oh, I walked right by him. How rude of me.

No flies, huh? Maybe we should make a web here to catch some.
>>
No. 814700 ID: 91ee5f

Introduce yourself, then correct them and say that you're an arachnid, not an insect. Then ask for their name.

Also, you've heard about intruders around here somewhere and you were wondering if they know more about that.
>>
No. 814702 ID: 91ee5f

>>814700
Dang it, too slow! >_<

Ask about intruders anyways!
>>
No. 814705 ID: c16eff

Ask him what being a visceral monster means.
>>
No. 814706 ID: 241143
File 149974170035.png - (208.04KB , 800x800 , Oddrie.png )
814706

> Lavender attempts to ask a few things, but her voice gets caught in her throat. The info given was METADATA, only SUGGESTORS and other very SPECIFIC MONSTERS can hear or talk about it. She manages to ask about the INTRUDERS though.

[Oddrie] Intruders? Here? Now? Jeez, this place never gets quiet, even for a moment. Guess it's time to show those humans why this place is a haunted house.

>ODDRIE begins to ruffle the vines around him, turning it into almost a bowl like shape. A bit of further examination reveals he's turned his vines into a shifting, curling LOBSTER TRAP.

[ODDRIE] : You'd best get out of here before I start singing, alright? It's... I don't want you just sort of sitting idly by when you could be shown your first human hunt.
>>
No. 814709 ID: 3abd97

Hehe. Well it's awful considerate of you not to zonk me out of my mind.

Talk to you later, then!

Let's double back and see if we can talk to Toblerone.
>>
No. 814715 ID: be0718

Yes, let's hurry to the Foyer and get our instructions for the invasion!
>>
No. 814724 ID: 241143
File 149974365897.png - (301.55KB , 800x800 , Spookquest8.png )
814724

> You Head back to the relative safety of the FOYER.

> head up the stairs to the HALLWAY
> the COURTYARD looks beautiful tonight
> looks like the LOUNGE is in the basement
> what's up with that ODD PAINTING
> that's a weird looking SUIT OF ARMOR
>>
No. 814725 ID: d79f26

greet the painting.
>>
No. 814726 ID: be0718

Talk to the painting! It's your boss, apparently!
>>
No. 814727 ID: c16eff

Introduce yourself to Toblerone. He's the painting according to Oddrie.
>>
No. 814752 ID: 241143
File 149975260199.png - (309.40KB , 800x800 , Toblerone.png )
814752

>Speaking to the painting causes itto swirl and distort, the paint seeming to physically melt and shift in shape until a massive hole seems to appear in the center of the paint, before a curious looking being pops forth.

[Toblerone] : Gooooooooood MORNING Ladies and Gentlemen! It's your lovely host, Toblerone! Pleasure to see you all here again! Our guest today iiiiiisss....

>Toblerone finally looks over, and seems genuinely surprised, before that cracked, crooked grin grows even wider.

[TOBLERONE] : Well I'll be! A NEW member of the family! A quick looksee of your Metadata tells me you're Lavender, and I gather you've got some questions for little old me. Ask away sweetheart! I'll answer each question to the fullest extent that I can!

[TOBLERONE]
Dateability: 9/10
Jazz: 10/10
Pizzazz: 10/10
Spaz: 5/10

[TOBLERONE] is the hyperactive HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD here at the haunted manor, and is a MENTAL type monster. They are one of the monsters with the unique ability to see METADATA, which means they can also see SUGGESTIONS, and THIS DESCRIPTION BOX. They are incredibly CHARISMATIC, and a very effective TALK SHOW HOST. They have a burning rivalry with the deceased DR. PHIL, and have one or two SPONSORSHIPS. Drink COCA-COLA.

>Ask about Monster Types
>Ask about Intruders
>Ask about Residents
>Ask something else?
>>
No. 814755 ID: 3ce125

Ask about the intruders. Also about the other residents; is there anyone else you should put a priority on meeting?
>>
No. 814760 ID: be0718

>Ask about Intruders
>Ask about Dateability
>>
No. 814762 ID: 241143
File 149975717939.png - (309.40KB , 800x800 , Toblerone.png )
814762

[TOBLERONE] Intruders is,well, in a word, humans! See, this here house has quite the history attached to it. Some say there's a legendary treasure hidden deep within the bowels of the place. Which, by the way, is totally false. Course, anyone that goes lookin' for the treasure mysteriously vanishes. ...That's 'cause of us. See, this is one of the few places we monsters can exist, and we monsters enjoy our peace and quiet. Why do you think we hide under beds, or deep in the woods, or underneath the stairs? Because no one other than a easily spooked child or an absolute looney will look there randomly, so we can have some peace. Anyway, due to the myths someone put here long ago we get some treasure hunters comin' round lookin' for the treasure. So we gotta scare 'em off or kill 'em.

[TOBLERONE] : Other residents? Well. We got Victora, Vampire. Real relaxed,she is. Lovely girl. Daisy, the Statue. Really gets into the spooky vibe, that one. Reginald, Fungal Invader. Snooty. Peabody, You've already met Peabody. Teleste, Real quiet, but a great cuddler. Saint John, he's over in the corner there. Oddrie, You already met him, too. Jerry, kinda brooding. Maltilda, You'd figure someone so big wouldn't get stuck between couch cushions. Crackle, real serious type. 8bit, bit goofy, does the spooky outta nowhere bit well. Oh, and some new guy. Can't remember their name too well, they live in the submarine hatch in the hallway.

> TOBLERONE snickers when you ask about dateability.

[TOBLERONE] : Whaddya think it is, you goof? It's your compatability for romantic relationships, sexual or otherwise! I'm always a 9/10 no matter what your type, because I'm just that good of a smooth talker. Really know how to use what I've got, wink wink, nudge nudge.
>>
No. 814774 ID: b27cac

Apparently Lavender's a visceral type. What does that mean?

Do you know any potion recipes? We didn't have any luck reading Peabody's book.

And lastly, how should Lavender help with getting rid of the intruders?
>>
No. 814782 ID: e121d3

Can you tell us what Lavender's Metadata says about her to you? Do you mind if we put a few webs up around the place? Since our old room folded up into nothingness, are there any spots we can set up for snoozing? Aside everyone's personal pursuits, is there anything we all do for fun together around here? And, of course, is there anything anyone needs any help with? Any errands or chores a spider girl could do to show her desire to get along with her new housemates?

Lavender: Wave to the suit of armor.
>>
No. 814783 ID: d79f26

he certainly is charming, but think we should see everyone at least once before we decide on a dating goal.
>>
No. 814800 ID: 91ee5f

>>814762
Have any intruders come by with weapons that could hurt us? I'd hate to think that they're not here for the "treasure", but instead are here simply for the sake of hunting down and killing monsters for sport!
>>
No. 814830 ID: 241143
File 149979141663.png - (309.40KB , 800x800 , Toblerone.png )
814830

[TOBLERONE] WOAH there! Lotta questions! Hold on, lessee.

>Toblerone clears his throat, adjusting the floppy looking tie as he does so. In the meantime, Lavender waves to the suit of armor, which ever so faintly turns it's head in response. The creaking noise indicates it's deceptively rusty at the hinges.

[TOBLERONE] Monsters come in 3 VARIATIONS: HORROR, MENTAL, and VISCERAL. Horror monsters, Like Peabody, rely entirely on the fear factor of whatever they've got going on. Hanging innards, shit ton of rats slimy wet skin, pallid complexion, so on. They they do best against intruders that are resistant to VISCERAL, because someone confident in their brawn can easily have their confidence brought low through repeated scaring. MENTAL monsters, like myself, are adept at changing how someone perceives the surrounding area. Bloody endless hallways, looping rooms, walking horrors. If we were comparing Horror Monsters to Mental Monsters, it's be comparing a traditional haunted house to Silent Hill. Mental monsters do best against people resistant to HORROR, due to the fact that their firm belief in reality is what makes them resistant to horror in the fist place. VISCERAL monsters are the most straightforward. Rip and Tear. You're the ones that injure and maim, kill and mutilate. You do best against those resistant to MENTAL, because willpower doesn't do shit if your arms off.

[TOBLERONE] : Well there aren't actually any intruders IN here right now, so you don't really have to worry about that! Usually we uh, let 'em linger for about 3 hours, and see if the atmosphere doesn't spook 'em off before we try to. I've never seen a bonafide monster hunter here, because no one comes up here except for treasure or on a dare. We don't really leave loose ends, y'know? Bad form to send someone back blabbing about what a specific monster looks like. If we do show ourselves it's usually when dealing the final blow or in passing, to make the intruder think we're part of the psyche. Did get a priest in once to cleans the place though! That was an interesting experience.

[TOBLERONE] You could set up your 'dwelling' pretty much anywhere in the house, really! It'd essentially add an extra set of options from whichever living suite you chose. (Those are, by the way, the LOUNGE, the HALLWAY, the COURTYARD, and the FOYER.) ...Wait, there's... Another one you can get to if you want but you have to jump through hoops to get to it! I'd recommend meeting everyone first in the main house before you tried to get to the 'secret' area though. Though it's not so much secret as... fuckhard to get to.

[TOBLERONE] Potions? Ah, Peabody said he'd make you one, huh? I do have a recipe on me, but the ingredients don't just come from the garden. You'd have to ask around to get 'em.

[RECIPE: MEMORY OF INSANITY]

[REQUIRES: 1x Memory strand, 1x Parapadsca Bean, 3x Human Eyes, 1x Banana, 1x Foul Ichor] [MADE AT: Potion Brewery]

[TOBLERONE] : Which reminds me, Peabody's not the only one that makes stuff. There's 3 of 'em, total, in the house that you can bring recipes to.

[TOBLERONE] : Personally, I'd love it if you introduced yourself to everybody! You do that, and I'll give you a little hint on something, alright?

[TOBLERONE]: Oh, and, Here's Lavender's Metadata.

[LAVENDER]
Dateability: ???/10
Legs: 8/10
Eggs: 0/10
Preg: 0/10

[LAVENDER] is a VISCERAL type monster. She's very new to the HAUNTED HOUSE, and is one of the few monsters with the ability to REPRODUCE. Becoming a SPIDER QUEEN is hard work, though. Her likes are determined by the SUGGESTION metadata, as are her DISLIKES. She gets ANTSY if there's a STALEMATE for too long.
>>
No. 814832 ID: be0718

So, our room kind of disappeared when we exited it. How do we lay claim to our own little corner to spin a nice web hammock? Also, where do visitors usually get hunted down? That's where we'd like to spin our web, and far away enough from Oddrie that there's enough flies to go around.
>>
No. 814833 ID: 3ce125

>>814830
Have you ever let an adventurer just search through the entire house, so that they'd come back empty handed saying there's no treasure? That would mean less people would come by.
Who owns the property? Ever had someone come by to buy it? Or demolish it?
Ever had someone come by who's more interested in the supernatural elements than anything else? Like someone who wants to meet ghosts or monsters?

Let's investigate the suit of armor next, I bet that's another monster.
>>
No. 814835 ID: 91ee5f

>>814833
>Let's investigate the suit of armor next, I bet that's another monster.
We were already told that it was another monster.

But, yes, let's go say hi.
>>
No. 814836 ID: d79f26

yes let us greet everyone/thing in this room for now.
>>
No. 814838 ID: 241143
File 149979403932.png - (309.40KB , 800x800 , Toblerone.png )
814838

[TOBLERONE] : If you wanna set up a room, you just sorta... shuffle on over to where you wanna set it up, point out the place, and do it. Course I'd suggest getting to know everyone before you settled down! Settling around people you like is the best way to get good neighbors.

[TOBLERONE] : We can't allow someone to just check the house, simply put. A treasure hunter would search every nook and cranny, which means, of course, eventually they'd find one of us, and if we don't react to that, suddenly we're bigfoot, bein' hunted down at every moment, Never any peace. It's a pity.

[TOBLERONE] The place has gotten enough history with enough people that leave before 3 hours that it's become sort of a town signature. People are forbidden to go here, of course, but they can't demolish it, or property values would fluctuate wildly. Haunted Houses that are famous enough don't get knocked down. No one has owned it in a while, cept for the town, but hey, that's why I'm head of household. Intruders can be found pretty much anywhere in the house by the time their 3 hours are up, so. No real specific place they can be found.

[TOBLERONE] : Don't be a stranger now!
>>
No. 814840 ID: 241143
File 149979433778.png - (204.67KB , 800x800 , SaintJohn.png )
814840

>Lavender heads on over to the suit of armor. After a few moments, and some oddly eerie creaking and popping noises, the suit seems to spring to life, and speaks with many various voices at once.

[SAINT JOHN] : Greetings, dear Lavender! I am Saint John. I overheard your conversation with Toblerone. It is a distinct Pleasure to meet you for the first time.

> Saint John does a creaky little bow after a moment, seeming both soft spoken and incredibly polite. They also have a slight old english accent, though the various voices speaking in unison make it harder to make out.

[SAINT JOHN]
Dateability: 3/10
Stiffness: 9/10
Swiftness: 3/10
Spiffness: 5/10

[SAINT JOHN] is a creaky old HORROR type monster that's been around the manor for AGES. He possesses the UNIQUE ability to make INANIMATE OBJECTS MOVE how he wishes them to. It's sort of like being a POLTERGEIST, only with less HEAD SPINNING. He is very PROPER and slightly UPTIGHT, and his definition of MANNERS is very strict. He is, however, blunt about telling you WHEN YOU'VE UPSET HIM.
>>
No. 814844 ID: 3ce125

>>814840
Isn't it a bit blasphemous for a monster to be named after a saint?
>>
No. 814847 ID: d79f26

>>814844
let's try a less blunt way of asking.

ask about the saint thing, you thought holy powers and stuff would be a little... detrimental to us.
>>
No. 814853 ID: f62fd8

Greet the metal friend.
>>
No. 814859 ID: 241143
File 149980149266.png - (204.67KB , 800x800 , SaintJohn.png )
814859

> Saint John seems... surprised by the line of reasoning. They stop for a moment, creaking slightly as they think to themselves, tapping their foot rhythmically, before returning to their stiff demeanor.

[SAINT JOHN] A Saint Bernard is not a true saint, is it? I too, abide by similar rules, simply put, I am a being which is merely NAMED 'Saint John' and am, unfortunate, not a real saint. To hold such a high position of authority within a church, blasphemous or otherwise, would be incredibly respectable.
>>
No. 814862 ID: e121d3

I understand, Saint John. Sorry for the way Lavender talks - spiders have a head full of webs, and you never know when one of the thoughts flittering around will get tangled up and try to escape!

Do you know of anything that needs taking care of? Do you want Lavender to make any ropes, nets or other webby items for you to use your ability with?
>>
No. 814864 ID: 241143
File 149980397404.png - (204.67KB , 800x800 , SaintJohn.png )
814864

>Saint John makes no response at first, before slowly shaking their head. They seem almost displeased with the idea after some thought, as evidenced by the tendrils they have peeking out of the suit's joints curling with disgust.

[SAINT JOHN] I have nothing of need from you. If you MUST put up spiderwebs, I do implore that you keep it to one specific corner of the house? I know there aren't any maids around here anymore, but making the place a more of a mess than before is still heartbreaking to me.
>>
No. 814867 ID: 3ce125

>>814864
Yeah alright, talk to you later.

Let's goooo check out the fountain. Then the woods.
>>
No. 814869 ID: e121d3

I say! Dear Saint John, a spider's web well-spun is a thing of scintillating, geometrical beauty! They are not mess, unless left to become dusty and tattered, and Lavender will have none of that while she's around! It would only be a very lazy and wasteful spider who would fail to regularly eat their old webs and re-spin them. The very implication! Hmpf!

Ah, but one can't expect everyone to know the nuances of spider culture. We will surely make such errors ourselves against others! So, I forgive you, as I beg forgiveness for any offense we might cause ourselves.

Thank you for your time, Saint John!

Lavender: Contemplate tailoring skills and possibility of making clothes or furnishings.
>>
No. 814871 ID: 91ee5f

>>814864
Give an 8 legged curtsy to Saint John before leaving so that you can be formal!
>>
No. 814873 ID: 241143
File 149980926637.png - (278.23KB , 800x800 , Spookquest9.png )
814873

> Lavender bids Saint John adieu before heading out into the COURTYARD.

> head back to the FOYER
> the water in this FOUNTAIN looks cold
> a lovely GARDEN tangles it's way around nearby
> theres a pathway into the WOODS
>>
No. 814874 ID: 3abd97

>>814873
Say hello to Daisy the statue while we're here.
>>
No. 814875 ID: 241143
File 149981048286.png - (131.33KB , 800x800 , Amelie.png )
814875

> Speaking to the statue atop the fountain yields nothing. However, your presence at the water's edge causes it to ripple, before a pair of pallid hands burst out of the water's edge, shakily drawing up a full body, seemingly secreteing some sort of gross slime, before the being manages to pull itself out all the way. An almost mermaid like body, only the skin is smooth to the touch, like an eel. It's missing a head, before it reaches back into the water, and pulls out what at first appears to be a clump of seaweed, before it hovers over the neck stump, which is bleeding some sort of ichor.

[???] Hhhh... How can I help you....?
>>
No. 814876 ID: 3ce125

>>814875
Hello, just meeting everyone. Who are you?
>>
No. 814877 ID: 3abd97

>>814875
Introduce yourself, and explain that you're new.
>>
No. 814879 ID: 241143
File 149981192380.png - (131.33KB , 800x800 , Amelie.png )
814879

[AMELIE] Ah.... I'm Amelie... If... You don't know who I am, Toblerone must have forgotten to mention me... Everyone always forgets about me...

> The being sighs a long, forlorn sigh, and sinks into the pool a little, seeming almost depressed.

[AMELIE]
Dateability: 7/10
Swim: 8/10
Swish: 5/10
Sway: 1/10

[AMELIE] is an aquatic HORROR type monster that specializes in STEALTH. This unfortunately means that a lot of people FORGET SHE'S THERE. She's a little CLAMMY to the touch, and can MOVE BETWEEN DIFFERENT WATER SOURCES at will. She almost seems to ENJOY BEING SAD, and will decline attempts to CHEER HER UP. She is so set in her way of thinking that even HIGH END PRESCRIPTION DRUGS have no effect on her. She smells like FISH STICKS.
>>
No. 814889 ID: be0718

We'll just have to try harder to remember, then.
Note to self: Set up web near standing water. It's good breeding grounds for insects, too.
Talk of food is making me hungry. We've met lots of friends, now let's find some food.
>>
No. 814890 ID: 3abd97

>>814879
We'll have to write a note so we don't forget you, if you're so good at being forgotten, then.

>HIGH END PRESCRIPTION DRUGS have no effect on her.
Gasp! She might be immune to our toxins!
>>
No. 814891 ID: d79f26

offer a hug, if they think it is a cheer attempt say it is just a friendship hug.
>>
No. 814894 ID: 91ee5f

>>814879
Ask what she like to do around here.

>>814889
We could try looking in the nearby WOODS for food.
>>
No. 814905 ID: 241143
File 149981804478.png - (131.33KB , 800x800 , Amelie.png )
814905

> Amelie shies away from the hug, sinking deeper into the pool until the arms are put away. She looks off to the side, uncomfortably, The way she rubs her arm and seems to stare into space causing her to seem self conscious in some degree. She shakes her head slowly afterwards.

[AMELIE]: I'm... Not the best hugger. Considering I'm constantly wet, kinda slimy, and my skin is cold and clammy, I'm not exactly hug material, you know? You'd be better off finding someone else for that...

[AMELIE] If you're hungry, you could always talk to Matilda. She's always got food on her. If that doesn't work, Daisy and Jerry both keep some spare flesh with them, though you'll have a hard time convincing either to part with it...

> Amelie splashes back into the pool when Lavender leaves to head into the forest.
>>
No. 814906 ID: 241143
File 149981818870.png - (414.67KB , 800x800 , The Wendigo.png )
814906

> The Woods seem almost mazelike upon entering. Lavender finds herself wandering around for a long time, and the trees only seem to get taller and taller, far off the beaten path, the moss is a sickly dark green, starting to edge towards black, and the trees themselves seem to be coated in a fine layer of ash. The air itself is thick, and the distinct scent of slightly rotted flesh hits Lavender like a truck out of nowhere. A rustling behind her is punctuated by a surprisingly eloquent voice.

[???] Are you lost, my dear? Monsters do not usually stray as far from the house as you do...
>>
No. 814908 ID: e121d3

Not lost, just going around the place finding people and introducing ourselves! Hello! Lavender's the name.

... Maybe a little lost. But spiders can find their way out of webs!
>>
No. 814914 ID: f36501

Since Lavender's likes are decided by us, I vote that she likes HUGGING and/or CUDDLING.

Just exploring the place and meeting everyone. Nice to meet you... Wendigo?
>>
No. 814917 ID: d79f26

no, hunting, a rabbit or such would make a fine meal.
>>
No. 814918 ID: 3ce125

>>814906
Another unlisted monster? Or an unaffiliated creature?

Say hello, ask who they are.
>>
No. 814919 ID: 91ee5f

>>814917
Shhhh. Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits!
>>
No. 814921 ID: 3abd97

>Are you lost, my dear?
No I'm exploring!

I'm too new to be lost. I don't know a territory to be lost from, yet.
>>
No. 814925 ID: 241143
File 149982227671.png - (414.67KB , 800x800 , The Wendigo.png )
814925

[???] Ahahaha. Most interesting. I, too, can hear you, little flickering things. You swarm around this one like so many tiny motes of light, whispering what she is to say, what she is to do.

> The being turns it's head slowly upside down, a hideous crunching and cracking of bones, tearing of flesh, coming forth from it as it turns unnaturally. It sounds almost like a meat grinder, and the eerie silence of the woods echoes this noise ever so slightly. Once it has finished, it turns it's head very abruptly to the side, looking over Lavender with a single eye, clicking the tongue that seems to be within those uncannily human teeth. There is no noise for a pause, just the whistling of the wind and the rustling of the trees. If it were not standing directly in front of you, you would not be able to sense it in the slightest.

[???] : Do you know why it is that monsters wish for peace? Why humans fear them? You are new, so you do not know the true answer, but make a guess for me.

>Whatever it is, it refuses to tell you it's name. It's monster type SEEMS to be 'wendigo' whatever that is.
>>
No. 814928 ID: 3abd97

>You swarm around this one like so many tiny motes of light, whispering what she is to say, what she is to do.
A spider is informed by that which is caught in her web. Silken stings vibrate and carry to the center.

>Do you know why it is that monsters wish for peace? Why humans fear them?
Because we have what they can't. We are the stuff of dreams and nightmares- impossible and wonderful, but terrible and frightening as well.
>>
No. 814944 ID: 3ce125

>>814925
Is it because monsters are awesome?
>>
No. 814947 ID: e121d3

Humans fear us because causing fear comes so naturally to us. We wish for peace so that we don't have to. Not all the time, at least.
>>
No. 814955 ID: 241143
File 149982759812.png - (414.67KB , 800x800 , The Wendigo.png )
814955

[???] Haha. You lot certainly are positively minded. No. Allow me to enlighten you. Monsters wish for peace because a peaceful environment, one humans feel comfortable in, is an ideal hunting ground. Humans fear monsters, because monsters feed on humans. Their Psyche. Monsters feed on the fear a human gives off, whether it be the primal fear of death, the terror of insanity, or the Sheer Horror of encountering something so strange, so alien, that it causes them to break. Monsters must feed upon this. Why do you think the Master of that house does not drive away any human as soon as they enter. Do you know what happens to a human that escapes from a monster, wounded but intact?

> The being's head slowly turns, cracking slowly, and it snickers, loudly, causing the leaves nearby to tremble.

[???] : They turn into something like me.

[???] : Bring me a Sliver of Humanity, and I will tell you another truth.

> The Being jumps into the forest, their whereabouts now unknown...
>>
No. 814957 ID: 241143
File 149982789432.png - (275.57KB , 800x800 , Spookquest10.png )
814957

> You are back in the COURTYARD

> head back to the FOYER
> the water in this FOUNTAIN looks cold
> a lovely GARDEN tangles it's way around nearby
> the forest seems oddly forboding, and the path in is obscured...
>>
No. 814958 ID: 91ee5f

>>814957
We've been everywhere out here, so let's go back to the FOYER! And while we're there, let's tell Toblerone about the Wendigo thing we saw in the WOODS and ask if he knows more about it!
>>
No. 814959 ID: 3abd97

>>814955
Huh, neat, our first "human". Sort of!

>what do
Let's head inside. I'd like to try meeting the vampire, next.
>>
No. 814966 ID: 3ce125

Let's head to the HALLWAY.
>>
No. 814972 ID: e121d3

Back to the Foyer!
>>
No. 814978 ID: 241143
File 149983015191.png - (303.46KB , 800x800 , Spookquest11.png )
814978

> You return to the FOYER.

> head up the stairs to the HALLWAY
> the COURTYARD looks beautiful tonight
> looks like the LOUNGE is in the basement
> TOBLERONE's painting frame is shaking with glee
> SAINT JOHN stands stock still in the corner
>>
No. 814980 ID: e121d3

To the Hallway! Try a few more doors. We'll come back to talk to Toblerone again when we've introduced ourselves to everyone.
>>
No. 814981 ID: d79f26

speak to TOBLERONE about the wendigo.
>>
No. 814983 ID: 3abd97

Hallway.
>>
No. 814985 ID: 3ce125

You know what maybe we should ask Toblerone what that Wendigo thing was.
>>
No. 814986 ID: f36501

Ask about Wendigo.
>>
No. 814990 ID: be0718

To the Hallway! We haven't met enough people to progress!
>>
No. 814996 ID: 241143
File 149983264297.png - (309.40KB , 800x800 , Toblerone.png )
814996

> You decide to ask Toblerone about the WENDIGO before heading to the hallway.

[TOBLERONE] : Ah... Wendigo? Oh dear. That's... Not one of ours. Humans can be... transformed into monsters through an excruciatingly painful process. They're most likely bitter. What they're saying is... True, however. We do feed on human fear. But we don't need much! A good monster can relax near someone and feed off the natural nightmares that occur, and people forget before they wake up. One of the best monsters in history was Baku, who was notorious for their peaceful lifestyle, and ate nothing but dreams. ...Admittedly we're a little indulgent here at the manor, but it is necessary. It can be months before we get intruders, and as much as any monster around here has varying opinions has humans, we all NEED them. ...Is that okay? You don't have to answer right away, you can mull on it when you get back.
>>
No. 815000 ID: 241143
File 149983277156.png - (212.93KB , 800x800 , Spookquest12.png )
815000

> You enter the HALLWAY

> what's with that FUNGUS TRAPDOOR?
> gee, this COFFIN SHAPED DOOR sure looks fancy.
> PEABODY sounds like they're teaching the rats to sing!
> what's with the SUBMARINE HATCH on the ceiling?
> gee that HEAVY LOOKING DOOR sure is coated in blood...
> this STITCHED UP DOOR feels a bit shocky to the touch.
> who thought it would be a good idea to put a MONOCHROME DOOR on the ceiling!?
> actually, let's check out the FOYER
>>
No. 815005 ID: 143250

Climb the ceiling, knock on, then open the monochrome door.
>>
No. 815008 ID: 91ee5f

>>815005
This.
>>
No. 815010 ID: 3abd97

Visit the vampire.
>>
No. 815013 ID: 3ce125

>>815000
Monochrome.
>>
No. 815015 ID: be0718

Fungus. Don't worry, it'll grow on you.
>>
No. 815016 ID: 241143
File 149983503264.png - (166.13KB , 800x800 , Teleste.png )
815016

>Knocking on the door causes it to creak open, eerily silent. Crawling up into the room finds that gravity just seems to... work for whichever wall you're walking upon, spider legs or not. It feels almost like you've stepped into an old timey cartoon up here, There's even distinctive occasional spots and weird distortions from really old cartoons. A figure suddenly zoops right up, almost getting a little too personal as it enters your space.

[???] :

>She makes no noise whatsoever.
>>
No. 815018 ID: 3abd97

>>815016
Wave.

Turn on the metadata, because the mine won't be telling us much about herself.
>>
No. 815019 ID: be0718

Wave.
>>
No. 815021 ID: d79f26

if you don't see any signs, then weave up X and O signs, O for yes, X for no.
>>
No. 815025 ID: 241143
File 149983682136.png - (166.13KB , 800x800 , Teleste.png )
815025

> The Figure merely grins a little wider, before doing an obscenely elaborate bow, their forehead easily touching their toes, before they pop back up with an absurd boinging motion.

[TELESTE]
Dateability: 9/10
Squash: 4/10
Stretch: 9/10
Swallow: 10/10

[TELESTE] is a MENTAL type monster with the INABILITY to see METADATA. They're incredibly STRETCHY, and one could argue their FLEXIBILITY is unmatched. Their presence cause the area around them to become GRAINY, like an OLD TV SHOW. They don't have any TEETH, so they tend to swallow things WHOLE. she's completely SILENT at all times, but despite this very FRIENDLY and OUTGOING. They're mostly comprised of an INKY SUBSTANCE.

[TELESTE] :

> Teleste gets very comfortable very fast, slinging one of her apparently boneless arms around Lavender with a great big smile.
>>
No. 815027 ID: 9c2d0c

hug mime read note
>>
No. 815028 ID: 3abd97

Nice to meet you too!
>>
No. 815029 ID: be0718

Clap (silently).

Weave a 'HELLO' web with your butt. We can communicate silently with silk!
>>
No. 815030 ID: 241143
File 149983750854.png - (166.13KB , 800x800 , Teleste.png )
815030

> Teleste giggles silently, essentially going through the motions, before making some hand signs. They're easily recognizable as American Sign Language, and considering Suggestions Access to the internet, the author is going to auto-translate for convenience.

[TELESTE] : {Just Because I'm Silent doesn't mean You have to be!}

> Once she's finished signing, she teeters back and forth on the balls of her feet, still smiling wide, waiting silently for the spider to introduce themselves properly.
>>
No. 815032 ID: be0718

Well, that'll make flirting easier at least. Though wiggling your abdomen is a universal language, I should think!

We're lavender, and also our name is Lavender!
>>
No. 815038 ID: 241143
File 149984007496.png - (166.13KB , 800x800 , Teleste.png )
815038

> She signs out the letters, individually, one at a time. L, A, V, E, N , D, E, R. And then makes that silent giggling noise again, before using a unique movement, before indicating herself. This must be indicative of her name, Teleste. She motions you further inside, towards a small couch, that, upon being sat upon is surprisingly soft, to the point Lavender's butt sinks in about halfway. Teleste sits on the back of the chair itself, kicking one leg idly, before asking something in sign.

[TELESTE] : {What brings you around here?}
>>
No. 815040 ID: 91ee5f

>>815038
I'm new around here and Toblerone said that I should meet everyone here before I decide on a place to set up my dwelling! And I honestly think aiming for the fuckhard 'secret' area that requires jumping through hoops to get to, would be worth the effort of trying to get there! Toblerone even said he'd give us a hint on something if we met everyone first and I think it could be a hint on how to get to that area!
>>
No. 815051 ID: 9c2d0c

Spelling the whole name out is so long. You can just call me "purple" if you want.
>>
No. 815084 ID: e121d3

Lavender's new here and she's going around introducing herself to all her new neighbors! And while she's at it, asking if there's anything anyone wants doing. And if there's anything she should know that Toblerone wouldn't have mentioned.
>>
No. 815246 ID: 3abd97

>What brings you around here?
Exploring! Lots of new people to meet and places to see.

Nice couch.
>>
No. 815331 ID: 241143
File 149991350231.png - (166.13KB , 800x800 , Teleste.png )
815331

> The mime makes another silent giggling motion, before seeming to think for a moment, kicking her leg slightly as she taps at her chin with one of her gloved hands, thinking seriously. After a short moment, she snaps her fingers and begins to sign something to lavender.

[TELESTE] : {Crackle still has one of my invisible baseball bats. I would really appreciate it if you could get it back from them! They're in the Lounge, if you could please. I would really appreciate it!} <3

> She then places a quick peck on Lavender's cheek, before covering her mouth and looking away, blushing a light grey. She plays this off as saying 'goodbye' in french.
>>
No. 815334 ID: 3abd97

>>815331
Someone is flirting with us, methinks.

Au revoir, then.
>>
No. 815339 ID: 241143
File 149991473309.png - (212.99KB , 800x800 , Spookquest13.png )
815339

>You are back in the HALLWAY

> what's with that FUNGUS TRAPDOOR?
> gee, this COFFIN SHAPED DOOR sure looks fancy.
> PEABODY sounds like they're teaching the rats to sing!
> what's with the SUBMARINE HATCH on the ceiling?
> gee that HEAVY LOOKING DOOR sure is coated in blood...
> this STITCHED UP DOOR feels a bit shocky to the touch.
> TELESTE's has old timey grain flickering on the doorknob
> actually, let's check out the FOYER
>>
No. 815341 ID: be0718

9/10 would lay egg in.
Bid adieu and visit fungus trapdoor.
>>
No. 815342 ID: 3abd97

>9/10 would lay egg in.
Seconded.

And sure, let's try the trapdoor.
>>
No. 815375 ID: ca661e

>>815339
Coffin door
>>
No. 815380 ID: 241143
File 149991938362.png - (96.34KB , 800x800 , Reginald.png )
815380

> Entering the Fungus Trapdoor reveals a set of spiralling stairs, which only grow more and more overgrown with fungus as they descend downwards. Eventually, Lavender enters a room proper, and finds it almost... set up similar to a theater, with many seats arranged facing towards a large central stage. Further examination of the 'stage' reveals that it is actually the fruiting body of a single massive toadstool. Upon it, a lanky figure folds aloft a skull, and attempts to, and fumbles, lines from shakespeare. They are so focused on this they do not even notice lavender enter.

[???] : No no no, that's not right. 'Alas, Dear Yorick....' ...Or was it Poor Yorick? Curses! So many iterations of the same blasted play has fumbled me upon it! What treasonous Heathen would even think to make so many variations of such a fine work of art?! ...Wait, no, that answer to that is literary snobs... And I can't do anything about them. Yet.
>>
No. 815383 ID: be0718

Can you startle a spook, let alone spook them? Shout 'Hi!'
>>
No. 815385 ID: 3abd97

>>815380
Take a seat, wait for a break in the performance, then applaud.
>>
No. 815388 ID: 91ee5f

>>815385
This.

.....if we can find a seat big enough for our big spider butt!
>>
No. 815394 ID: 241143
File 149992130451.png - (96.34KB , 800x800 , Reginald.png )
815394

>Lavender sits and watches the performance, which is mostly the Mushroom Man fumbling up a performance of one of Hamlet's most Iconic takes, mostly switching the dialogue around on the speech to make it clear that rather than sadness with death, they find curiousity. Upon clapping, the mushroom man drops the skull and jumps about a half foot in the air with a sharp 'JESUS CHR-", before slumping, and placing a hand over their chest, as though they had a heart.

[???] Fucking... Is that how you say hello to all of your newest compatriots? Or did I get the special treatment?

> They seem slightly peeved by the very brash and mildly sudden introduction, placing their odd, sinewy hands upon their hips, leaning forwards ever so slightly, and tapping their foot repeatedly on the massive toadstool. It makes a soft 'squelch squelch squelch' noise.
>>
No. 815396 ID: 3abd97

>>815394
Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you, but it seemed rude to interrupt while you were performing.

Hello! I'm Lavender, and I'm new to the house.
>>
No. 815397 ID: 91ee5f

>>815394
Well, I was going to introduce myself, but you looked like you were on a roll and I didn't want to interrupt you and mess you up!
>>
No. 815403 ID: 9c2d0c

you get special treatment for such a special performance.
>>
No. 815408 ID: 241143
File 149992467449.png - (96.34KB , 800x800 , Reginald.png )
815408

>The Mushroom man looks... Unimpressed, before moving down to the edge of the stage and sitting upon it, crossing one of their legs over the other and setting their hands upon their knees, looking over Lavender with a curiously detatched expression.

[REGINALD] : Right, well. My name is reginald, and I am of the few here that actually have any taste when it comes to one's entertainment, unlike those heathens in the lounge. I suppose if you would like, I can offer you some further experiences.

[REGINALD]
Dateability: 2/10
Snobbery: 10/10
Slippery: 7/10
Snoozery: 1/10

[REGINALD] is a HORROR type monster with quite the taste for THEATER. They're quite the ELITIST when it comes to their tastes, but despite this can NEVER GET ANYTHING RIGHT. He has a bad habit of NEVER REALLY SLEEPING, and has a tendency to FUMBLE HIS WORDS when nervous. He doesn't exactly EAT and has an odd fascination with most CORPSES.
>>
No. 815410 ID: 3ce125

>>815408
Nah, can't stick around *too* long. Should be getting to that errand. Just introduce yourself and tell him it was nice to meet him.
>>
No. 815411 ID: 3abd97

>>815408
Do you need any help with set or costume design? We're a weaver, we might be good at that kind of thing.
>>
No. 815415 ID: 241143
File 149992719545.png - (212.40KB , 800x800 , Spookquest14.png )
815415

>You bid Reginald Adieu fter he declines your offer for weaving, and head back to the HALLWAY.


> REGINALD can be heard practicing through the moldy trapdoor
> gee, this COFFIN SHAPED DOOR sure looks fancy.
> PEABODY sounds like they're teaching the rats to sing!
> what's with the SUBMARINE HATCH on the ceiling?
> gee that HEAVY LOOKING DOOR sure is coated in blood...
> this STITCHED UP DOOR feels a bit shocky to the touch.
> TELESTE's has old timey grain flickering on the doorknob
> actually, let's check out the FOYER
>>
No. 815416 ID: 3ce125

I kinda want to go to the LOUNGE.
>>
No. 815419 ID: 91ee5f

>>815415
Coffin shaped door
>>
No. 815430 ID: b27cac

Try the stitched up door. It might be Crackle if we're talking about a Frankenstein's monster. Gotta get that invisible bat!
>>
No. 815445 ID: 8a947d

>>815430
Didn't Teleste say Crackle was in the LOUNGE ? we should go that way and get that invisible bat.
>>
No. 815446 ID: b27cac

>>815445
Oh right. Lounge sounds good then.
>>
No. 815457 ID: e121d3

So long as we remember to eventually follow the bat quest, it's fine. It'd be more efficient to see everyone here before moving on to the lounge. So I'll say coffin door.
>>
No. 815475 ID: f36501

Coffin door! Let's finish exploring the hallway first
>>
No. 815480 ID: 241143
File 149996267740.png - (125.70KB , 800x800 , Victoria.png )
815480

>After some slight deliberation on whether to exit to the Foyer and then head to the LOUNGE, Lavender instead decides to enter the COFFIN SHAPED DOOR, seeing as it's closer. It opens up into an unsurprisingly eloquent room, with incredibly ornate furniture seemingly carved from ivory, a fluffy bed with a threadcount in the high thousands, And various sets of masterful artwork. Lounging on the bed seems to be... a humanoid girl at first glance, though her skin is far too pale to actually be human. As she looks over she seems surprised, eyes widening and suspiciously pointed ears perking up.

[???] Oh dear! I wasn't expecting visitors! Oh, this is very embarrassing...
>>
No. 815484 ID: be0718

Wrong bat, silly!
>>
No. 815490 ID: 91ee5f

>>815480
Introduce yourself and explain why you're here.

>>815484
*facepalm* >_<

I knew someone was going to do that!
>>
No. 815497 ID: 56ffef

>>815480
"got a spot of red on the side of your lip dear"
>>
No. 815501 ID: 3ce125

>>815480
Introduce yourself politely.
>>
No. 815509 ID: e121d3

Note to self: remember to knock before entering people's rooms.

Introduce yourself and what you're doing, and ask if there are any favours she needs done! You want to make a good impression on everyone.
>>
No. 815602 ID: 241143
File 150000049704.png - (125.70KB , 800x800 , Victoria.png )
815602

> The girl blinks for a moment, before smiling ride, showing twin rows of vivid, brilliant scarlet teeth, each one thin and sharpe like the needle of a syringe. Notably her canines are the most pronounced of them. She giggles slightly again, at the 'wrong bat' comment.

[Victoria] : Wrong Bat? Well, I suppose if I'm the wrong bat, then I pity the right one! My name is Victoria, and I am our resident Vampire, only natural of a haunted house. A pleasure to make your acquaintance~

> Victoria does a slight, polite curtsy, releasing the umbrella as she does so. Instead of falling like one would expect of an umbrella, it hovers unevenly in the air, twirling once as though attempting to keep itself aloft.

[VICTORIA]
Dateability: 6/10
Prim: 8/10
Prose: 5/10
Pints: 2/10

[VICTORIA] is a HORROR type monster that has slight VISCERAL tendencies, placing her in a HYBRID class. She's very fond of BLOOD, naturally, and is very good at GETTING it. She also has a fondness for REALLY BIG FROGS, especially ones full of PRIZES, and VALUE, and QUITE A LOT OF HATRED. She's supposed to be very PRIM and PROPER, as she grew up in the RENAISSANCE , but she's actually quite fascinated with MODERN CULTURE.
>>
No. 815614 ID: 3abd97

>Wrong Bat?
It was a joke. Teleste told us she was missing one of her invisible bats, which you clearly are not, visibility before mirrors notwithstanding.

>A pleasure to make your acquaintance~
And yours as well.

You're glad everyone in this house is so friendly!
>>
No. 815625 ID: 3ce125

>>815602
Frogs?
>>
No. 815629 ID: a363a0

Has she lived here very long?
>>
No. 815631 ID: 241143
File 150000683550.png - (125.70KB , 800x800 , Victoria.png )
815631

> She smiles lightly, placing a hand over her mouth, before seeming to relax, tucking her legs in slightly as she rests upon the incredibly luxurious looking bed.

[VICTORIA] : I am... Well, one of the earliest members of this particular household, over 500 years or so ago when the place was built. It's quite the ancient place. And, I can actually see myself! The mirrors here are Aluminum, not silver. It was quite the shock for me the first time I saw myself! But it does make it easier to apply eyeshadow, you know?

[VICTORIA] : Frogs! And sometimes something like a... like a murdersaurus. It's quite the different experience than all the vampires, or draculas, or some sort of odd mansquitos that seem to appear around here.

> She giggles at some sort of unknown joke. Perhaps something or other that she happens to be referencing.
>>
No. 815645 ID: 3ce125

>>815631
Oh that's neat! Vampire convenience.

Is there a bug man amongst the residents here? Or someone that visits?
>>
No. 815646 ID: 3abd97

>The mirrors here are Aluminum, not silver.
Oh, cool.

What kind of blood is good? Just human, or does she branch out?
>>
No. 815649 ID: 241143
File 150001107763.png - (125.70KB , 800x800 , Victoria.png )
815649

> The mention of blood causes her to giggle, again. She licks her lips after a moment, smiling wide once again.

[VICTORIA] : Human blood, I'm afraid. Any other type simply won't do. After all, would you allow yourself to eat dog food? That's essentially the difference here. I certainly can drink other types of blood, but it's not very good, or even edible sometimes.

[VICTORIA] Aha! No, there's no Mansquitos around here. Nor are there Murdersauruses or Really Big Frogs.
>>
No. 815662 ID: 3ce125

>>815649
Kinda sucks to be enamored of something you have no access to.
>>
No. 815666 ID: 02d011

>>815649
Really like your dress. You're very pleasant to talk to.
>>
No. 815678 ID: d79f26

explain that if she needs any thread work done you would be happy to help. spider silk is simply the best, it is just impossible to get enough for anything from the regular sized spiders.
>>
No. 815698 ID: e121d3

Well, we have ichor, anyway. Is that too different from blood? Probably doesn't matter. Anyway, yes, tailoring! Lavender is a little out of practice and may not be capable of weaving up to your high standards yet, but she'll need something to while away the hours between human intrusion, so it's something to aspire to!
>>
No. 815844 ID: 241143
File 150008392173.png - (125.70KB , 800x800 , Victoria.png )
815844

> The Vampire's eyes sparkle for a moment, and her grin grows wider still, before she erupts into a fit of ecstatic giggles, seeming MORE than pleased by this development.

[VICTORIA] Ooh! That would be most lovely! I would really enjoy something knit from spidersilk, I hear it's incredibly luxurious, but also stronger than steel! Ah... But I don't do white. I'll gladly accept your offer, but you'll have to find some sort of black or purple dye somewhere! It's got to be somewhere in this house, right...?


[NEW QUEST] [Draculian Dressing] : Knit Victoria a dress to her liking! This will require spider silk and some dye, and a bit of knowledge into her fashion choices.
>>
No. 815845 ID: be0718

Also taking of her measurements. Why don't we drop by to do that after we find a suitable dye?

Next stop: The heavy, blood-spattered door.
>>
No. 815846 ID: b27cac

Well it was lovely talking to you. We'll let you know when we find some dye.

On to the lounge!
>>
No. 815849 ID: 241143
File 150008459387.png - (212.40KB , 800x800 , Spookquest14.png )
815849

>You exit from VICTORIA'S room and head back into the HALLWAY. You remember that the only place you're able to transport to from anywhere is the FOYER, and if you want to head to the LOUNGE you'll have to head there first.

> REGINALD can be heard practicing through the moldy trapdoor
> the door to VICTORIA's room is well kept and clear of any unwanted grime.
> PEABODY sounds like they're teaching the rats to sing!
> what's with the SUBMARINE HATCH on the ceiling?
> gee that HEAVY LOOKING DOOR sure is coated in blood...
> this STITCHED UP DOOR feels a bit shocky to the touch.
> TELESTE's has old timey grain flickering on the doorknob
> actually, let's check out the FOYER
>>
No. 815850 ID: 91ee5f

>>815844
I can see the future shenanigans now! Lavender drinks the dye, thinking it would make her produce colored threads, but instead she gets a tummy ache!

>>815845
Agreed, let's go to the HEAVY LOOKING DOOR coated in blood!
>>
No. 815851 ID: ba506f

hope we can find a fashion magazine or something as we wonder around.
>>
No. 815852 ID: ba506f

let's see who the new guy was before we popped up

SUBMARINE HATCH
>>
No. 815860 ID: e121d3

Let's finish all the introductions here before we move on. Maybe someone here has some dye! Try that Heavy Looking Door.
>>
No. 815870 ID: 3ce125

I guess we're doing the heavy looking door, then.
>>
No. 815906 ID: 241143
File 150009727725.png - (228.10KB , 800x800 , Daisy.png )
815906

> Behind the heavy looking door, a room filled with blood splattered mannequins and statues. They seem to be abstract, and many look to be almost... alive. Until, naturally, one of them just happens to be. The being shambles forwards, unblinking. It lacks eyes after all.

[???] : ???
>>
No. 815911 ID: be0718

Hello, I'm new. Well, I'm not New, I'm Lavender, and I've just arrived recently.
If she can't see, you, a touch on the shoulder would be a good way to let her know where you are. I mean, assuming you want to. Monster blood isn't red, r-right?
>>
No. 815913 ID: 91ee5f

>>815906
Introduce yourself and then ask for their name!
>>
No. 815917 ID: 3ce125

>>815906
Whoa, spooky!
>>
No. 815918 ID: 241143
File 150009966704.png - (228.10KB , 800x800 , Daisy.png )
815918

> The being makes no purposeful noise, but seems to follow Lavender's movements with the odd hole that is it's entire face. It creaks slowly as it moves forwards, circling once or twice. Seeing as this is a statue based monster, it is most likely DAISY, who TOBLERONE mentioned earlier.

[DAISY] : ...?

[DAISY]
Dateability: 5/10
Fear: 0/10
Face: 0/10
Fuck: 10/10

[DAISY] is a VISCERAL type monster strongly associated with such horror games as SILENT HILL or RESIDENT EVIL, an odd looking ENTITY that serves only as baseless, MINDLESS FODDER. DAISY however is very sound of mind and actually is INSECURE about how she's portrayed. She has EMOTIONS, just has a hard time EXPRESSING THEM. You would too if you had NO FACIAL FEATURES
>>
No. 815919 ID: b27cac

Can she speak sign language? Hello, how are you?
>>
No. 815922 ID: 3ce125

>>815918
Tell her Toblerone wasn't kidding, she really is spooky.

Well, if she doesn't want to talk you should leave.
>>
No. 815928 ID: ba506f

wonder if we should make her some mask with different expressions on them to help he communicate with other easier.
>>
No. 815933 ID: 91ee5f

>>815918
>Seeing as this is a statue based monster, it is most likely DAISY, who TOBLERONE mentioned earlier.
Oops. Looks like the statue at the fountain from earlier really was just a normal statue!

>>815928
It wouldn't hurt to ask. I just hope we don't offend her by asking that!
>>
No. 815954 ID: 3abd97

>>815918
Try waving. She can probably wave back!

How are you?
>>
No. 815957 ID: e121d3

Give her a fluffy spider hug.
>>
No. 816066 ID: 241143
File 150016916080.png - (228.10KB , 800x800 , Daisy.png )
816066

> Lavender makes some fond greetings, at first waving, nervously, and asking how they are. Daisy responds by slowly turning their head to their hand, before very delicately lifting it, and waving it ever so slightly back and forth.

[DAISY] : ^v^

> After she establishes herself to be at least friendly, the hug takes her offguard. She's very chalky to the touch, the blood seemingly dried on her from long ago. Her movements are very janky, but she attempts to reciprocate the gesture.

[DAISY] ...<3
>>
No. 816067 ID: b27cac

We're wandering around the house to meet everyone! Is there anything you need done, Daisy? We're already looking for one of Teleste's bats and might be weaving a dress for Victoria.
>>
No. 816068 ID: e121d3

Would you like something to write or draw on, Daisy?
>>
No. 816070 ID: 241143
File 150017218127.png - (228.10KB , 800x800 , Daisy.png )
816070

> Daisy looks down at her hands, and note that they lack no thumbs. As a result, she cannot write, or draw, at least, not without some difficulty. Daisy SEEMS forlorn, but it's very had to tell with her minimal expressiveness and general stiff movements. She does not make many movements after, but simply wait for Lavender to leave...

[QUEST] [Singing Stone]
[Find some method of communicating with Daisy! Maybe someone else knows how.]
>>
No. 816071 ID: e121d3

She could probably still write by dipping a finger in ink and drawing with that, but I guess that'd be awkward. We'll keep an eye out for anything that could help you express yourself, Daisy! And we've got eight of them. See you later!

Pat her on the shoulder and back to the hallway.
>>
No. 816076 ID: 91ee5f

>>816070
Wave goodbye to Daisy and go back to the HALLWAY!
>>
No. 816078 ID: ba506f

well, say goodbye and tell her we might drop in from time to time to say hi.
>>
No. 816079 ID: 3ce125

>>816070
"Singing" makes me think of Peabody, but maybe not.

I suppose it's goodbye for now, and back to the hallway.
>>
No. 816089 ID: 241143
File 150017683175.png - (215.43KB , 800x800 , Spookquest15.png )
816089

> Lavender heads back to the HALLWAY.

> REGINALD can be heard practicing through the moldy trapdoor
> the door to VICTORIA's room is well kept and clear of any unwanted grime.
> PEABODY sounds like they're teaching the rats to sing!
> what's with the SUBMARINE HATCH on the ceiling?
> DAISY probably hasn't moved from her spot if you wanna visit
> this STITCHED UP DOOR feels a bit shocky to the touch.
> TELESTE's has old timey grain flickering on the doorknob
> actually, let's check out the FOYER
>>
No. 816092 ID: ba506f

SUBMARINE HATCH
>>
No. 816094 ID: e121d3

Submarine hatch, but be careful! I'd hope their room isn't filled with water or something, but you never know! Maybe knock first. This is the mysterious "new guy".
>>
No. 816097 ID: be0718

One more door! I really hope they wouldn't put the exit to a water tank on the *bottom*, though.
>>
No. 816098 ID: 241143
File 150017813656.png - (136.09KB , 800x800 , Naut.png )
816098

>The Submarine hatch creaks open, into an empty grey slated room, small cracks across the heavy concrete, a deep blackish grey color. He's standing there, posing like an idiot, in the center.

> Bitch, you know who it is.
>>
No. 816102 ID: 3abd97

>>816098
Just leave.
>>
No. 816103 ID: b27cac

>>816098
Hello nautical gentleman I'm sure we've never met. How are you? Nice pose.
>>
No. 816105 ID: be0718

There he is! Don't let him get away again!
>>
No. 816106 ID: 143250

...leave. Now.
>>
No. 816111 ID: 241143
File 150017874203.png - (215.43KB , 800x800 , Spookquest15.png )
816111

> Back to the HALLWAY!

> REGINALD can be heard practicing through the moldy trapdoor
> the door to VICTORIA's room is well kept and clear of any unwanted grime.
> PEABODY sounds like they're teaching the rats to sing!
> YOU KNOW WHO is still posing like a goddamn moron
> DAISY probably hasn't moved from her spot if you wanna visit
> this STITCHED UP DOOR feels a bit shocky to the touch.
> TELESTE's has old timey grain flickering on the doorknob
> actually, let's check out the FOYER
>>
No. 816113 ID: 3ce125

>>816098
Ugh let's go back to the hallway.

NAUT YOUR ROOM SUCKS GET SOME FURNITURE
>>
No. 816114 ID: b27cac

Foyer time I guess. And from there, the lounge!
>>
No. 816115 ID: 3ce125

>>816111
Ok I think we've met enough people for now! Off to the FOYER.
>>
No. 816116 ID: 143250

Web up the Submarine hatch so nobody gets in or out. You'll be doing other people a favor doing that. Trust me.
>>
No. 816118 ID: ba506f

shouldn't we see who's in the STITCHED UP DOOR so we can say we crossed off meeting everyone in the hallways?
>>
No. 816119 ID: b27cac

>>816118
Oh forgot we hadn't tried that one. Stitched up door it is!
>>
No. 816121 ID: be0718

>>816118
I heard that occupant's in the LOUNGE right now. Let's go say hello!
>>
No. 816127 ID: 91ee5f

>>816111
Go to the last door! The stitched up door!

Also, our metadata thingy didn't give us any stats on that guy! Sure, we already know who he is, but we don't know what variation of monster he is!
>>
No. 816128 ID: 241143
File 150018249563.png - (82.71KB , 800x800 , Jerry.png )
816128

> Lavender is going to... have to revisit the Submarine Hatch if they want the info on THE UNMENTIONABLE. She nonetheless enters the STITCHED UP DOOR.

> There is a brief period of delay before the lights flicker on with sudden jolt of electricity, and the interior of the room is revealed to be almost patchwork, much of the furniture looking to be hashed together versions of other types of furniture, bedding and couches hastily stapled together, drawers and coffee tables glued together with high grade military glue. Standing next to the light switch, apparently having flicked them on selectively to be dramatic, stands the room's owner.

[???] I'm nursing a hangover. What do you want.
>>
No. 816132 ID: ba506f

Hello, I'm Lavender, the newest resident here. I just thought I should met my neighbors so to speak.
>>
No. 816133 ID: 91ee5f

>>816128
> Lavender is going to... have to revisit the Submarine Hatch if they want the info on THE UNMENTIONABLE.
Oh.....oh, dear. Let's, uh, come back later.....way later.

Introduce yourself, explain why you came by, and ask for their name.
>>
No. 816134 ID: be0718

A quest. Which you just gave us. That was easy.

Quest Added: Retrieve HANGOVER MEDICINE. [ ]
(Optional: Just get more booze instead. [ ])
>>
No. 816135 ID: 3ce125

>>816128
Hi, just meeting everyone. I guess we can come back later after the hangover's worn off?
>>
No. 816136 ID: 241143
File 150018378822.png - (82.71KB , 800x800 , Jerry.png )
816136

> The being seems... unimpressed, almost. They look lavender over with a scrutinizing eye, and then give a quiet, rather tired sounding sigh.

[JERRY] : ...Right. Well, I'm Jerry. I'm your neighbor. My head really hurts right now, So if you're looking for things to do, I'd suggest looking elsewhere. I'm not in the best sorts at the moment, so this isn't the best first meeting. Not your worst, but not your best. Talk to me later.

> Jerry ushers lavender quickly out the door immediately after, and then after a brief pause, They tip their cap politely before closing the door behind you.
>>
No. 816137 ID: 241143
File 150018410367.png - (215.31KB , 800x800 , Spookquest16.png )
816137

> You are in the HALLWAY.

> REGINALD can be heard practicing through the moldy trapdoor
> the door to VICTORIA's room is well kept and clear of any unwanted grime.
> PEABODY sounds like they're teaching the rats to sing!
> the SUBMARINE HATCH is weirdly quiet.
> DAISY probably hasn't moved from her spot if you wanna visit
> Jerry is still nursing a hangover. Better not bother him.
> TELESTE's has old timey grain flickering on the doorknob
> actually, let's check out the FOYER
>>
No. 816138 ID: b27cac

Foyer foyer foyer.
>>
No. 816139 ID: ba506f

let's check out the FOYER now
>>
No. 816140 ID: be0718

Foe yay.
>>
No. 816141 ID: 241143
File 150018461383.png - (306.89KB , 800x800 , Spookquest17.png )
816141

> You head to the FOYER, leaving behind the HALLWAY. 6/7 Residents met in the hallway.

>2/2 Residents met in the COURTYARD

> 0/3 Residents met in the LOUNGE.

> head up the stairs to the HALLWAY
> the COURTYARD looks beautiful tonight
> looks like the LOUNGE is in the basement
> TOBLERONE's painting frame is weirdly still.
> SAINT JOHN stands stock still in the corner
>>
No. 816142 ID: ba506f

to the LOUNGE

more friends, MORE FRIENDS!
>>
No. 816144 ID: be0718

To the lounge! Seems we have a lot of time to kill before a human shows up. A lot of time...
>>
No. 816145 ID: a8753c

>>816137
I literally just noticed...why is everyone's name in full caps yet Jerry's isn't? And is he a patchwork rat or sumthing? IS HE AN EXPERIMENT OF PEABODY'S? LET'S ASK HIM!
>>
No. 816146 ID: 241143
File 150018545482.png - (298.26KB , 800x800 , Spookquest18.png )
816146

>It seems that a change from the STANDARD indicates something is WRONG. In this case, JERRY'S name was not capitolized because he DOESN'T WANT YOU TO VISIT. Keep a close eye out to VARIATIONS IN TEXT, if it's CHANGED IT'S FOR A REASON.

> You enter the LOUNGE!

> the TELEVISION is playing a constant static blur.
> looks like this COMPUTER is hooked up to the internet.
> That COUCH sure looks comfy.
>>
No. 816149 ID: 3ce125

>>816146
Poke the couch.
>>
No. 816150 ID: ba506f

you've been doing a lot of walking, take a quick break on the COUCH
>>
No. 816151 ID: 241143
File 150018585671.png - (134.00KB , 800x800 , Matilda.png )
816151

> The couch seems to be fairly comfortable, and as you sit down upon it, you seem to relax... before looking over reveals another being entirely! It's a bit jarring, as when you're not on the couch, they aren't actually visible! Spooky.

[???] : Hey, didja hear!? Someone just moved in! I hear they're really sociable, going around talkin' to everyone! It's the bees knees!
>>
No. 816152 ID: be0718

Bees don't have knees! But spiders do. Hi, that's me!
>>
No. 816153 ID: ba506f

>>816151
Yeah, I heard her name is lavender, and last I saw she was just sat down on the couch and wanted to learn your name. So now that we got rumors out of the way, Hello my name is Lavender. It's a pleasure to meat you, hope you don't mind me asking for your name?
>>
No. 816154 ID: 3ce125

>>816151
Well I dunno if you'd say "moved in". Don't got a room yet.
>>
No. 816155 ID: 241143
File 150018666151.png - (134.00KB , 800x800 , Matilda.png )
816155

> The being turns it's head towards Lavender, seeming to be able to emote, unlike a few other beings. They offer one of the odd looking sticks that seem to be their limbs, eyes seeming to express enjoyment.

[MATILDA] : Name's Matilda! I'm what you could call a bit of a house gossip. You hear all sorts of things through the grapevine here on the couch! Just have to give it a little bit! I'm your number 1 source for info on stuff happening around the house, sugar! Pleased to meet you!

> She seems to be sincere; Whatever powers she may have seem to allow her intricate knowledge of everything that's currently happening within the household...
>>
No. 816156 ID: 91ee5f

>>816155
She's offering her stick arm to you for a hand shake. Don't leave her hanging, Lavender, shake her hand!

Also, Toblerone said, "You'd figure someone so big wouldn't get stuck between couch cushions." but she actually looks small.

Also, also, Amelie said that if we're hungry, we should ask Matilda if she could spare some food for us, since she's supposedly always got food on her. So let's ask Matilda if we could please have some food.
>>
No. 816157 ID: ba506f

ask if she's heard of a way to help Daisy talk to people?
>>
No. 816159 ID: 3ce125

>>816155
Okay, what's with Naut? He's not supposed to be here, you know.

Oh and about that invisible bat?
>>
No. 816160 ID: 91ee5f

>>816159
>invisible bat
Crackle has it. I'm pretty sure Crackle is in the crackling tv.
>>
No. 816161 ID: 241143
File 150019079926.png - (215.78KB , 800x800 , Matilda2.png )
816161

> At the request of food, she seems to visibly swell up, growing visibly to much more impressive proportions. As she does so, a stitching along her side splits open, revealing that she is filled with human viscera. She doesn't seem too fazed about this.

[MATILDA] : Oh, right, sorry! I always seem to forget how hungry newer ones seem to be.

> Enquiring about one of the other residents causes her to frown for a moment. She seems... mildly upset over something.

[MATILDA] : Ah... The other newcomer. Supposedly they showed up because they believed that 'their talkative pals could help them with something' But after a... well, simply put, a very abrupt movement away, It seems they've decided to leave, rather abruptly. Oh well, I suppose?

> Matilda seems... concerned, at some level. Enquiring about the invisible bat then causes her to perk up.

[MATILDA] : Oh! Crackle HAD that but they, ah. Lost it. When you can't see invisible things it's hard to know where you left it, you know? I think he's worried about telling Teleste.

[MATILDA]

Dateability: 8/10
Fluffing: 6/10
Stuffing: 9/10
Guffing: 10/10

[MATILDA] is a MENTAL type monster that can switch between a COMPACT and an OVERSTUFFED form. Her body acts as a STORAGE SPACE for pretty much anything, from INFORMATION to LEFTOVERS. She's the SOFTEST TO THE TOUCH of anyone present, but due to her BAD HABIT of OVEREATING, she constantly smells A LITTLE FRESH. DESSERTS is the easiest way to win her HEART.
>>
No. 816163 ID: b27cac

Get some of that viscera in you.

Thanks Matilda, is there anything we can do in return for you?
>>
No. 816164 ID: 3ce125

>>816161
(...does Lavender want to eat any of that? or are the leftovers something else?)
>Naut left
Well if he really needs our help he'll be back.

It sounds like we'll have to track down the bat ourselves to complete that quest! Gonna have to ask Crackle where it last was.
Oh, has she heard anything about the secret area?
>>
No. 816166 ID: 241143
File 150019231507.png - (215.78KB , 800x800 , Matilda2.png )
816166

> Lavender takes some of the HUMAN VISCERA and munches down on it. Lavender is now FULL! (Midwaypoint between starving and Overstuffed) The taste of fear really adds to the flavor.

[MATILDA] : Hm... Well, nothing from me in particular... Oh! If you could ask 8bit how he's doing. He's been a bit wrapped up in that internet. Even more gossipy than I am at times. Crackle is... In the Television, Yes. Probably busy being very nervous. The... Secret Area? OH! Yes, I know what you mean! Once you meet all the folks, Toblerone will give you a key and get you started on some wild goose chase. It's really just... ...I mean, If you figure it out beforehand you can certainly enter it early. As for the... Naut fellow, I don't see why someone would stick around if the instant you saw them you just left. That would certainly hurt my feelings...
>>
No. 816176 ID: 3ce125

>>816166
Well if he's not in the mansion we can't really apologize or anything.

Shall we talk to Crackle next?
>>
No. 816217 ID: d79f26

say bye and to the crackle
>>
No. 816224 ID: e121d3

Maybe we could still track him down?

Ask her if she knows any way anyone could talk to Daisy. Then let's talk to 8bit, since she just asked us to.
>>
No. 816235 ID: 91ee5f

>>816166
>As for the...Naut fellow, I don't see why someone would stick around if the instant you saw them you just left. That would certainly hurt my feelings...
Well, according to this: >>816141 , since we left before his metadata popped up, we technically didn't meet him, which means that if Naut left the house, we fucked up Toblerone's requirements for getting into the secret area!

Which means, like Matilda said, we're gonna have to figure it out on our own in order to get to the secret area!

Also, I'm not too worried about finding the invisible bat. I'm sure we'll literally trip over it in order to find it!

>>816224
>Ask her if she knows any way anyone could talk to Daisy. Then let's talk to 8bit, since she just asked us to.
This.
>>
No. 816239 ID: e121d3

Now I think of it, we should ask if she knows about anyone having any dye! Or if she knows any recipes for peabody.

As for Teleste's bat... we could just make a bunch of web nets and toss them around the lounge for a while. The shape of the bat will become visible when it lands on it! Though we should talk to Crackle first, in case the bat was last "seen" somewhere else. And we should still talk to 8bit before that.

Be sure to thank Matilda for her advice and the food!
>>
No. 816244 ID: 91ee5f

>>816235
Now that I think about it, maybe we should have Lavender eat a little more? We might not get another chance to eat for a while, if immediately after meeting everyone we end up triggering something that takes a really long time to complete!
>>
No. 816262 ID: 241143
File 150022638088.png - (134.00KB , 800x800 , Matilda.png )
816262

> After Lavender eats a little bit more (FULL -> STUFFED), Matilda compacts herself back down to a much more reasonable size, and continues to give you a bit of info before you bail.

[MATILDA] : Hm... Well! There's someone in the secret area that could probably help you talk with Daisy. You'll have to get there first though. Oh! And I do know the recipe for a mean Meat Pie

[RECIPE] [Matilda's Meat Pie] [Requires: 1x Entrails, 1x Unknown Flesh, 1x Pie Crust, 2x Unusual Spice]

[MATILDA] : You have a nice day now!
>>
No. 816266 ID: 241143
File 150022724649.png - (308.13KB , 800x800 , Spookquest19.png )
816266

> You head back to the LOUNGE

> the TELEVISION is playing a constant static blur.
> looks like this COMPUTER is hooked up to the internet.
> the little whispers of MATILDA gossiping are easily heard
>>
No. 816267 ID: be0718

>1x Unknown Flesh
Does it not work if we figure out whose flesh it is?

Interrogate Say hello to Crackle! We might have a solution for their *ahem* missing bat, if they can tell us where they last saw it!
>>
No. 816271 ID: e121d3

Let's ask 8bit how he's doing, since Matilda just asked us to. One assumes that would be the COMPUTER.
>>
No. 816272 ID: 3abd97

>>816266
Let's try the TV.
>>
No. 816273 ID: 3ce125

>>816266
Lavender is see-through?

I bet we're going to visit both residents in this room before we leave, and talking to 8-bit earlier would probably be better.
>>
No. 816277 ID: 91ee5f

>>816271
This.

>>816273
>Lavender is see-through?
No, she just became STUFFED from eating. I think that's her stuffed stomach sticking out of her skin.
>>
No. 816287 ID: 241143
File 150023356041.png - (69.52KB , 800x800 , 8bit.png )
816287

> Lavender slinks over to the computer. As she gets close, it's revealed that there's a being sitting in front of it, tapping away on a small, advanced looking keyboard. They appear to be consulting some sort of chatboard for advice on how to make a torture device of some sort. They look over and jolt lightly before quickly switching the window to a different social site.

[8BIT] : Woah! Sorry, cutie. It's, uh... A little embarrassing when people watch my work. Name's 8BIT. Do you need some, uh, help or something?

> 8bit seems to be fumbling over their words slightly as they look over Lavender, pulling up the coat slightly to hide their clearly metal cheeks, as though attempting to hide a blush.
>>
No. 816288 ID: 3abd97

Ohmygosh you're so small! You're adorable!

Hello I'm Lavender I'm new.
>>
No. 816289 ID: 3ce125

>>816287
Introduce yourself then say Matilda was wondering how he was doing.
>>
No. 816302 ID: 241143
File 150023859689.png - (69.52KB , 800x800 , 8bit.png )
816302

> The being immediately looks a little nervous as soon as Matilda is mentioned, awkwardly rubbing the back of their head and glancing off to the side, before setting the keyboard away. They twiddle their thumbs and look down.

[8BIT0 : I haven't really talked to her in a while... I'm fine, but like... We're pretty much brother and sister, with how much we hang out. At the moment I got a little caught up in some weird online arguments on... how to remove a door from a room once the room is built. I was gonna make, like. A room filled with knives? And just like. Someone was like 'they could just open the door and leave' and that's not like. Kosher. Y'know?

[8BIT]
Dateability: 8/10
Bits: 8/10
Bots: 10/10
Bytes: 7/10

[8BIT] Is a VISCERAL type monster that is obsessed with FAKE MONSTERS on the INTERNET. He enjoys making ELABORATE DEATH TRAPS that USUALLY DON'T WORK. He's the HEAD MODERATOR of a VERY OBSCURE CREEPYPASTA SITE and RULES WITH AN IRON FIST. He's actually very SHY IN PERSON, and has some really WEIRD ASS KINKS. He's always willing to HELP OUT though.
>>
No. 816304 ID: 3ce125

>>816302
What if the door is always locked on the inside, and requires a key to get out?
>>
No. 816306 ID: 3abd97

>>816302
No doornob on the inside, have the lights in the room out, and a pull string for a light blub danging in the middle of the room.

They step forward to turn on the lights, see all the knives, but by the time they whirl around, the door behind them has already swung shut.
>>
No. 816307 ID: 241143
File 150023926550.png - (69.52KB , 800x800 , 8bit.png )
816307

> He seems confused after a moment, before beginning to scratch at his head. He then snaps his fingers, and points to her as though having realized something, and accidentally prods Lavender's stomach by accident. He immediately fumbles slightly and grabs his hand back with his other hand, pulling it back and looking humiliated.

[8BIT] Ah... er... Sorry. You can't... see us unless you're within a certain vicinity to us. That's how it works for all of the monsters. Why do you think Saint John only looks weird when you get close? It's just sorta how it works. Same deal with me.
>>
No. 816311 ID: ba506f

>>816308
why are you repeating yourself?

Anyways does that mean no one can see us until we get close or are we different and if so why?
>>
No. 816313 ID: 91ee5f

>>816307
>accidentally prods Lavender's stomach by accident.
Giggle and say, "That tickled!"

Since he's always willing to HELP OUT, let's ask if he knows anything about how to get to the secret area.
>>
No. 816316 ID: 241143
File 150024083148.png - (69.52KB , 800x800 , 8bit.png )
816316

> They glance off towards the other side now, before adjusting their hat a little nervously. They idly place their hand on their cheek, before sliding it up, apparently a little anxious.

[8BIT] : Secret are--... Oh, yea. Toblerone's dumb... thing he does. It's through the painting in the lounge. There's like... a specific way you have to enter though, that's specific to every monster. Usually shows up somewhere in the house on a piece of paper. Since Toblerone knows how the entire house is at any given moment he likes to make the new people go through this whole initiation hazing to get to it. There's like. 4 people in there.
>>
No. 816317 ID: 3abd97

Well, hazing or not, you'll probably try to get in.
>>
No. 816318 ID: 3ce125

>>816316
Alright thanks.

Time to talk to Crackle and get some progress on that side quest.
>>
No. 816320 ID: 91ee5f

>>816317
True.

>>816318
This.
>>
No. 816323 ID: 241143
File 150024294358.png - (308.78KB , 800x800 , Spookquest20.png )
816323

> After bidding 8BIT adieu, you head back to the LOUNGE.

> the TELEVISION is playing a constant static blur.
> 8BIT is still busy working on some sort of weird device.
> the little whispers of MATILDA gossiping are easily heard
>>
No. 816326 ID: ba506f

let's see what's on the TELEVISION
>>
No. 816332 ID: 241143
File 150024350437.png - (80.58KB , 800x800 , Crackle.png )
816332

> As Lavender approaches the television, the static upon it begins to visibly distort before it shapes into a singular figure, who regards Lavender warily. They seem to be a 2-d shape for the most part. Their voice sounds heavily like someone speaking through a walkie talkie.

[CRACKLE] : You're... New. How long have you been here? Haven't seen your room around.
>>
No. 816333 ID: 3abd97

>>816332
No, not long. I haven't set up a room yet.

Hello, I'm Lavender.
>>
No. 816336 ID: 91ee5f

>>816333
Pretty much this.
>>
No. 816337 ID: 241143
File 150024476250.png - (80.58KB , 800x800 , Crackle.png )
816337

> They don't seem particularly phased, instead slowly raising an eyebrow, before nodding slowly. They cross their arms, and the animation seems to result in their arms seeming to cut their body in half for a moment.

[CRACKLE] : Right, well. My name is Crackle. I occupy the Television. I would appreciate if you didn't change the channel without telling me, It's sort of where I live.

[CRACKLE]
Dateability: 3/10
Static: 5/10
Stoic: 6/10
Sick Tricks: 0/10

[CRACKLE] is a HORROR type monster that excels in affecting people's trust in their own SANITY in very SUBTLE WAYS. They usually take a LONG TIME to finish their victim and REVEL IN TORMENT. Hypocritically, they DISLIKE IT when people CHANGE THINGS WITHOUT TELLING THEM. They prefer to feel IN CONTROL, and probably should not be given ANY POWER lest it GO TO THEIR HEAD. They tend to ASK FOR THINGS THEY DON'T NEED.
>>
No. 816338 ID: be0718

Like... invisible bats, for instance. If you could tell us where you last put it, we could resolve that little problem for you.
>>
No. 816341 ID: 3abd97

>>816337
Do you like the channel you're on right now? If you can't change it yourself, I could change it for you, if you want.
>>
No. 816349 ID: 91ee5f

>>816337
"So you don't want me to change the channel over to some cartoons? Awww....."

"Oh, yeah, I was wondering if you happened to know where you put that invisible bat that Teleste let you borrow? She kinda wants it back."
>>
No. 816356 ID: 241143
File 150024723248.png - (80.58KB , 800x800 , Crackle.png )
816356

> The question causes Crackle to sputter,before they hold up their arms defensively.

[CRACKLE] : Here on a rescue mission? Well, uh... I definitely have it. Definitely didn't lose it. Very surprising, considering it's invisible. It's just uh... I left it with... um. Jerry. Yea. I left it with Jerry.

[CRACKLE] : I would appreciate if you didn't change the channel. Just don't.
>>
No. 816358 ID: 91ee5f

>>816356
There's a gaming system hooked up to the tv, right?

Ask what would happen if you turned on the gaming system while he's on the tv on this channel?
>>
No. 816363 ID: 0b275f

Look it's an invisible bat, I know it's hard to keep track of. Are you sure the last place you had it was with Jerry because I'll go and check for it.
>>
No. 816364 ID: 3ce125

>>816356
Jerry's nursing a hangover and won't take kindly to visitors. Also I already know you lost it, so please just tell me where you last had it.
>>
No. 816366 ID: 3abd97

>I would appreciate if you didn't change the channel. Just don't.
10-4. Channel will remain unchanged.

>Yea. I left it with Jerry.
We'll let him recover from his hangover before we follow up on that, then. Thank you.
>>
No. 816379 ID: 241143
File 150025473013.png - (80.58KB , 800x800 , Crackle.png )
816379

> The quick mention of the bat being most certainly lost causes Crackle to become nervous, immediately becoming figity.

[CRACKLE] : All right, all right. So I've lost it. But the last place I did see it! Or... held it. Was with Jerry. I assure you.

> He seems sincere, but at the same time he is incredibly nervous still. They seem uncertain as to what to do next. Out of nowhere, the Television turns off, abruptly.
>>
No. 816382 ID: 0b275f

Did someone use the remote or was that just him? I guess we'd better explore seeing Jerry's still hungover.
>>
No. 816386 ID: e121d3

He doesn't want to talk anymore, I think. That's okay. Pat the top of the television, just in case.

Lavender, weave a net. Maybe something like a long shawl that you can drape over your arms, and hold them out so it trails over a large area behind you. Then just walk around the lounge and, if it's not here, all along the way back towards Jerry's room. If it's sitting anywhere along the way you should feel it tug on the web, right? Spider senses.
>>
No. 816391 ID: 241143
File 150025632986.png - (80.71KB , 800x800 , Spookquest21.png )
816391

> Lavender is able to EVOLVE. You may choose to evolve, or not to evolve at all

> DRIDER - NO-EVO
> Signature Abilities: Webslinging, Poison, Fluffy
> Lavender's Signature form! Her standard appearance. Choosing not to evolve opens up the option to evolve later down the line, but you will never be offered the choices present here again.

> WIDOW
> Signature Abilities: Advanced Poison, Venomous Web.
> A much smaller, ultra venomous species. Lavender will become a black and green color, with thinner legs, a smaller frame, and more pronounced fangs.
> Prerequisite : Venomous Mind - Leave a monster before speaking to them

> RANCHO
> Signature Abilities: Soft body, Drones, Mothermind
> Lavender will become larger, softer, and turn a mixed orange yellow color. Her legs will become thicker, and her fuzz will become more visible. She will be constantly heavy and able to produce a drone at will.
> Prerequisite - Queen Body; Beguile a monster on first meeting, be STUFFED or higher.
>>
No. 816394 ID: 3abd97

>>816391
Does evolving mean we lose abilities?

I'd prefer not to lose web making abilities, but the fluffy drone maker sounds like a fun upgrade.
>>
No. 816395 ID: 0b275f

Yeah, Rancho sounds cool but I don't know if I want to lose webs.
>>
No. 816396 ID: be0718

Constantly... heavy? In what way?
Uhh, I think we'll stick to DRIDER for now. Orange isn't her color.
>>
No. 816398 ID: e121d3

Considering we'll be needing to scare people, widow sounds much too... subtle to be good. And not really in a "creeping horror" way of subtle, more a "whoops you're already dead and didn't even realize" way. I don't like it.

Rancho is tempting, but... I agree, I think I'd prefer to keep the webmaking ability. Rancho sounds more like a "stay in one place and send your drones to do things" way of doing things, and so far we've enjoyed wandering around being friendly and trying to help people! So, no.

Stay a drider, please!
>>
No. 816399 ID: d79f26

stay normal.

we need to get all the cheevos in our current form so we can unlock the secret super evolution.
>>
No. 816400 ID: 0b275f

Actually, what can the drone do? Can it make webs?
>>
No. 816401 ID: dd4df2

>>816391

Evolving into a drone momma sounds cool, but Lavender kind of needs her web-spinning to easily make the clothes for Victoria. Go Rancho if she keeps some manner of webspinning ability, but stay Drider if not.
>>
No. 816407 ID: 91ee5f

>>816391
RANCHO
>>
No. 816409 ID: 241143
File 150025912577.png - (155.88KB , 800x800 , RanchoVariant.png )
816409

> Before you make your vote, take a look at the prospective in detail

> -RANCHO-

> A Large, Motherly variant of the traditional drider, These 'hive queens' rely on their drones to do a lot of the legwork. Constantly full of unfertilized eggs, each egg can hatch into a drone in as little as 3 hours. Their webbing is much softer and possesses the inability to become sticky, making it ideal for clothing, bedding, and the like. Their Venom also loses potent as anything deadly, instead enabling them to hypnotize whoever they bite to do their bidding, similarly to a drone, for a few hours. Drones do not live for longer than a day, and act effectively as large insects under her control. She is however much larger and softer, meaning her original weakness of blunt weaponry against the hard carapace is now switched to a weakness against sharp things against her sharp hide.
>>
No. 816410 ID: 0b275f

Sure let's Rancho relaxo.
>>
No. 816412 ID: be0718

Yep, definitely stick to Drider.
>>
No. 816413 ID: 241143
File 150025978697.png - (65.77KB , 800x800 , WidowVariant.png )
816413

> -Widow-

> This much smaller, lither Drider variant is a specialist in poisons of all kinds, ranging from lethal to paralyzing, intoxicating to lust inducing, This incredibly quick drider is able to produce and inflict her venoms via straight up attacks or from far away at range by infusing it in her webbing. She is very delicate however, and being attacked directly can hurt. This is more than covered by her ability to supercharge a type of poison she's created, to maximize it's effect.

> -NOTE FOR BOTH VARIANTS-
> Designs are not final, and can easily be influenced. Drawing and submitting a good design may influence finalized design
>>
No. 816414 ID: 3abd97

Honestly, getting drones doesn't seem worth losing the stick in our web, or losing versatility with venom. And I don't like the glass-canon poison approach of the widow either.

Stick with original flavor and versatility.
>>
No. 816415 ID: dd4df2

Alright, make it Rancho. Let's go big.
>>
No. 816416 ID: e121d3

I have a few questions... I put them in the quest discussion thread to save space here.
>>
No. 816417 ID: f36501

As good at pulling goofs as the mighty rancho sounds, I think the web and venom versatility is probably better.

Drider.
>>
No. 816422 ID: e121d3

I think I will actually change my mind and vote for Rancho. I don't mind sticking with original flavour drider, though, if that ends up winning.
>>
No. 816423 ID: 91ee5f

>>816409
Sticking with my vote and saying RANCHO!
>>
No. 816425 ID: 3ce125

>>816409
Hmm... Well, the drone incubation time seems fine considering that the haunted house draws out the intruders' deaths. 3 hours is probably fast enough to get some action in before the human dies. It does mean that unless we have some drones puttering around at all times, we won't be able to contribute much before then... but since Rancho is constantly full of eggs we could easily do that. Just have like a dozen drones active at a time, laying 6 in the morning and 6 in the evening so that the lifespans overlap and there isn't any period where we have none.
The mind control poison seems interesting, but only really useful if there's more than one human in the house and we can get one alone to turn them then send them against the other one(s).
Indirect attacks with the drones seem like a good option, but a direct confrontation won't be too bad for us either against a single opponent. I suspect the hypnosis takes some time to pull off so it's not great if we're fighting more than one opponent. Unless there's a monster ally helping out?

>>816413
Widow seems straightforward. Lace some webs with poison and leave them as hazards for intruders for an indirect attack. Poison whips for direct assaults, and keep our distance.
Bit boring though.

I like the idea of Rancho. Drones are cool and we just lose the sticky web and agility I guess.
Evolving won't change our dating prospects will it?
>>
No. 816426 ID: e7bd79

Widow
>>
No. 816428 ID: d79f26

like i said, stay drider so we can unlock the secret even better form.
>>
No. 816432 ID: 91ee5f

>>816428
This is from the disthread:

There isn't one of these! Sorry. You can stay unevolved your whole way through the house, but there isn't some secret evolution that's better than all the others.
>>
No. 816437 ID: 3ce125

...hmm. The datability rating will change due to evolving. Question is, what would our current waifu prefer? I don't suppose we could quickly ask Matilda about that before evolving, could we?
>>
No. 816440 ID: bcbf23

I say Rancho. Much more utilities are offered to us that way. Plus can't our DRONES spin a sticky web for us? I mean they ARE spider drones right? Also apologies for out of place or repetitive posts. My internet is absolutely AWFUL.
>>
No. 816443 ID: bcbf23

>>816440
Okay apologies I misread the post, I thought it said OUR webbing was softer and not sticky.
>>
No. 816451 ID: 8a947d

I was leaning towards Rancho because I like the idea of having minions to do stuff for us plus THICC

But we haven't really seen what we can do as a normal Drider. I want to hold off on evolving before we see what we can do

No Evo
>>
No. 816452 ID: 0b275f

I already voted but I have a compromise. Can we get some lavender colours on the rancho?
>>
No. 816454 ID: 143250

No evo please.
>>
No. 816456 ID: 3373e2

Lets go Rancho, Drones seem pretty useful.
>>
No. 816460 ID: 241143
File 150027044479.png - (225.23KB , 800x800 , RanchoV2.png )
816460

> TALLYING VOTES

> NO EVO - 4
> RANCHO - 7
> WIDOW - 1

> NOTE: I DID NOT COUNT VOTES PLACED BEFORE THE PROSPECTIVES WERE SUGGESTED. NOTE THAT EVOLUTION IS FINAL, AS IS THE CHOICE TO NOT EVOLVE. NOT EVOLVING ENSURES NEITHER WIDOW OR RANCHO CAN BE CHOSEN IN THE FUTURE.

> You have chosen a RANCHO Evolution. At the request of someone, it has been made a Lavender color. Before we continue, are there any other changes you would like to suggest?
>>
No. 816464 ID: 0b275f

>>816460
I think bigger neck fluff and slightly longer ear thingies would be quite nice.
>>
No. 816465 ID: be0718

Go on a diet.
>>
No. 816467 ID: 91ee5f

>>816460
Yay! Now Lavender is EXTRA THICC!!!

>Extra changes?
>>816464
These sound good!
>>
No. 816469 ID: 0b275f

>>816465
If you're going to be like that, I want it moved to that bug butt.
>>
No. 816470 ID: 8a947d

>>816464
This

>>816465
None of this
>>
No. 816471 ID: be0718

>>816469
Sure, why not.

>>816470
Go eat a Brutus salad.
>>
No. 816472 ID: 241143
File 150027326582.png - (230.84KB , 800x800 , RanchoV2.png )
816472

> Final Design!

> Lavender has completed their EVOLUTION.

NEW DATEABILITY SCORES:

[CRACKLE] 2/10
[8BIT] 10/10
[MATILDA] 9/10
[JERRY] 3/10
[DAISY] 4/10
[VICTORIA] 6/10
[PEABODY] 3/10
[TELESTE] 10/10
[REGINALD] 1/10
[ODDRIE] 8/10
[AMELIE] 6/10
[SAINT JOHN] 4/10
[TOBLERONE] 9/10
>>
No. 816473 ID: 0b275f

We gotta seduce that mime.
>>
No. 816475 ID: 91ee5f

>>816472
Oh, yeah, I just remembered! We didn't ask either of the info givers (Matilda and 8bit) if they know where we could find some dye!

So, who should we ask first? I kinda want to start with 8bit!
>>
No. 816477 ID: bcbf23

>>816472
Toblerone is still a 9/10 cause "No Matter What". I think he didn't see the sadness in that statement. Never any +1.
>>816475
I second this, also I hope he knows what those symbols on his cloak mean, otherwise he may be in for a bad time.
>>
No. 816479 ID: 3ce125

>>816472
Nice.

Yeah let's ask 8bit where to find some dye. See if he can even talk to a 10/10.
>>
No. 816480 ID: 241143
File 150027771922.png - (299.29KB , 800x800 , Spookquest22.png )
816480

> You are in the LOUNGE


> CRACKLE will probably chat if you mess with the TV a little.
> 8BIT is still busy working on some sort of weird device.
> the little whispers of MATILDA gossiping are easily heard
>>
No. 816481 ID: 241143
File 150027794706.png - (69.52KB , 800x800 , 8bit.png )
816481

> You decide to visit 8BIT

> He turns to look at you, sputters, does a quick double take, before immediately pulling his hat over his eyes. You can feel the heat radiating off of him as he (apparently) blushes heavily

[8BIT] : Looks, uh. L-like you got a... erm... a bit of a growth spurt. You look good! You look good. Ah. What... what did you need from me? I-If you do need anything, I mean, just t-talking is fine too.

> 8BIT mutters under their breath about keeping calm and that they wouldn't be interested in him anyway, before pulling his hat back up slowly and looking off towards the side, fidgiting very obviously as though to distract himself.
>>
No. 816482 ID: 0b275f

I forgot to ask before, would you know where any dye is? And is there anything I can do for you in exchange?
>>
No. 816483 ID: 3ce125

>>816481
Hmm, does the Dateability score we see count attraction in both directions? That'd mean 8bit fits Lavender's preferences.

"Hey sweetie, do you know where I can find some purple dye?"
>>
No. 816484 ID: 91ee5f

>>816481
"Do you know where I can find some dye, sweetie? I've got the threads right here," *wiggle spider booty* "but I can't seem to find anything to use to color it."

>>816482
>And is there anything I can do for you in exchange?
Also this.
>>
No. 816487 ID: a307f1

definitely ask for a lead on dye, definitely ask what we could do for them, DEFINITELY do a rancho butt wiggle.
>>
No. 816510 ID: 241143
File 150030642469.png - (69.52KB , 800x800 , 8bit.png )
816510

> The 'Rancho Butt Wiggle' while mentioning the threads causes 8BIT to fluster even more, holding out a hand and shaking it lightly in a 'stop' motion, clearly embarrassed to hell and back. They pull their arm back under their coat soon after, Looking still a little embarrassed.

[8BIT] : You're, doing that on purpose! But, uh... If you want some dyes, Oddrie is usually the one that can make them the easiest. Made from flowers, you know? Unless you want the REALLY fancy stuff. If you come across anything really unique, like an overly Strange Plant or, like a... like a moon dust stuff, I could probably manufacture it for you.
>>
No. 816511 ID: dd4df2

>>816510

Tell him he's an absolute darling for offering to help out. You'd be delighted to make some thread for him right now, if he needs it for any of his devious devices.

...

*wiggle*
>>
No. 816512 ID: 91ee5f

>>816510
Hmmm, now that I think about it, do we actually have anything? Can we check our inventory or something?

Also, from the way 8bit phrased it, it sounds like he'd be willing to make dye for us for free (as long as we have something that can be made into dye)! I'd like Lavender to ask if 8bit is sure he doesn't want anything in return? Surely there must be something he'd like! And if 8bit continues to insist on doing it for free, then let's not keep pestering him about it.

If that's everything, then let's leave and start looking for stuff! And give 8bit another 'Rancho Butt Wiggle' as we're walking away.
>>
No. 816513 ID: e121d3

Ah, leave the poor guy alone, we're making him uncomfortable. Be nice.
>>
No. 816516 ID: 486e87

>>816513
Yeah. Let's not push it too far, for now at least. Thank him and lets be on our way. Who haven't we visited yet?
>>
No. 816518 ID: 3ce125

>>816516
Naut. Also, Jerry, but we should leave him be for a bit.

I think we should check on TOBLERONE. The painting description changed.
>>
No. 816519 ID: 91ee5f

>>816513
>>816516
Well, I think the 'Rancho Butt Wiggle' is going to happen on it's own whenever Lavender walks, whether she intended to do it or not.

But, I guess you're right. Let's not purposefully make him even more uncomfortable.

>>816518
>Painting.
Hey, speaking of paintings, 8 bit said the painting in the LOUNGE is how we get to the secret area and we have to enter it a specific way. He also mentioned that there's a piece of paper somewhere in the house that tells us Lavender's specific way of entering the painting. I'm just wondering if we could check the painting in the LOUNGE now and we'd get a hint of some kind that tells us where that piece of paper is in the house.
>>
No. 816529 ID: b27cac

While we're in the lounge still let's talk with Matilda again. We can thank her for the food since that was what hit an evolution condition and check how long it takes Jerry to get over hangovers. Maybe she knows more about evolving too?
>>
No. 816538 ID: dd4df2

>>816519

Well, once we're done talking with 8bit, we should definitely have a look at the painting.

And while we're at it, maybe check if there's anything hidden under the rug? This is a haunted house, after all. Odds are there's a cellar hatch or something.
>>
No. 816593 ID: f36501

Our oceanic friend is the last one we need to visit.

Lets go see what his type is, and then on to the secret area for our new room!
>>
No. 816602 ID: 91ee5f

>>816593
We can't go see Naut. We were told he left the house because we hurt his feelings when we came into his room and then left without saying hi!
>>
No. 816606 ID: e121d3

>>816602

Well, did he leave the house or just leave his room? He might not be out of the grounds yet. Perhaps we could catch up to him.
>>
No. 816607 ID: 91ee5f

>>816606
Even if we did, he probably won't want to talk to us after how we hurt his feelings. I know I wouldn't.
>>
No. 816627 ID: 241143
File 150034921515.png - (299.58KB , 800x800 , Spookquest23.png )
816627

> 8BIT says he'll think of something as payment for it, but for now just think of it as a favor. He promises he won't ask for anything particularly weird. Adding a bit of sass to the hip shake as she leaves causes 8BIT to fluster and turn back to the computer, rapidly typing something into the search bar.

> You are in the LOUNGE.

> CRACKLE will probably chat if you mess with the TV a little.
> 8BIT is still busy working on some sort of weird device.
> the little whispers of MATILDA gossiping are easily heard
>>
No. 816634 ID: 56ffef

>>816627
ask for spuder hugs
>>
No. 816635 ID: 223638

>>816627
Oddrie is who we get the dye from? Oh dear. Wasn't he starting to SING last time we saw him? Would he really eat us if we fell in his trap? Should we risk it?
>>
No. 816636 ID: 3ce125

Take a closer look at the painting.
>>
No. 816639 ID: b0c09e

Yeah let's take a peek at the painting.
>>
No. 816641 ID: be0718

Begin working on a drone. Web it up behind the couch for now. We should add that to our daily routine so there's always one handy.
Let's head back to the HALLWAY. Perhaps with the submarine hatch gone, we'll have room to make a room!
>>
No. 816642 ID: 3373e2

Onwards for the quest for Dye. Lets go see Oddrie carefully though; make sure he isn't hunting first before we bother him.
>>
No. 816643 ID: 223638

>>816641
Behind the COUCH. You mean behind MATILDA'S couch? NO. She would flip out at us. Plus SAINT JOHN asked us to keep our webs to one corner of the house. We should find our own room before making drones.
>>
No. 816647 ID: be0718

>>816643
So? That's one corner of the house. It was just a personal preference, not a quest or anything. At least ask if it would be okay, she seems friendly.
>>
No. 816649 ID: b0c09e

>>816643
Why don't we just see Matilda again before we leave the lounge and ask her if she minds looking out for Lavender's egg?
>>
No. 816653 ID: 91ee5f

Let's look at the painting!
>>
No. 816654 ID: 241143
File 150035172414.png - (73.75KB , 800x800 , Painting.png )
816654

> The PAINTING behind the couch seems to be oddly... large, and open. There's a slight breeze coming from it, somehow, but touching it reveals it to be paint. If this is a portal, Lavender doesn't know how...
>>
No. 816655 ID: 3ce125

Hmm, okay. I guess we gotta find the clue first or submit ourselves to TOBLERONE's quest.

Speaking of which let's head over there. To the FOYER.
>>
No. 816657 ID: b0c09e

Let's see Matilda about an egg before we go exploring.
>>
No. 816658 ID: be0718

Try FLIPPING it TURNWAYS. Or yourself. That'd be easier.
>>
No. 816661 ID: 91ee5f

Doesn't evolving take a lot of energy? Is Lavender back down to Starving or is she still at Stuffed like she was before evolving?
>>
No. 816663 ID: dd4df2

>>816654

Drop by Matilda on the couch to leave an egg to hatch with her and tell her thanks for the meals that helped you evolve.

Also, I still say we should check beneath the lounge carpet before we go, just in case there's something there.
>>
No. 816664 ID: 223638

>>816654
Is the breeze coming from it directly? Or...from around the FRAME? It could be a DOOR PAINTING, leading to a HIDDEN PASSAGE WAY.
>>
No. 816666 ID: 241143
File 150035724231.png - (134.00KB , 800x800 , Matilda.png )
816666

> You head to MATILDA to chat about both the potential for her watching over an egg and about the painting.

[MATILDA] : Well! You look like you've grown quite a bit. Too much leftovers, sugar? ...Egg? Huh. Didn't... take you for the sort earlier, but now that I get a better look at you, I can see the eggs in your abdomen. I'd be willing to look after a few if you'd like, but uh... Don't... expect me to do any more than that. I like you, sugar, i really do, but we kind of just met. Get to know me a little more would you?

[MATILDA] : Ah, so you figured out the deal with the painting, then? Toblerone is gonna be disappointed. Oh well, I guess. It's through the painting, you just gotta figure out how to turn the painting into a portal. The other world is... strange. I'm sure you're used to walking on walls, but it's... a little disorienting.

> Lavender is currently FINE. (Hungry -> Fine -> Full )
>>
No. 816667 ID: 91ee5f

>>816666
So evolving did make us hungry! But, as much as I want to say, "Ask Matilda for some more food." I don't think we should ask for more food because it's starting to feel like we're taking advantage of her if we do that! So, I guess we'll have to give her something to repay her for the food.....and you guys insist on having her watch over one of Lavender's eggs, then I'm going to insist that we give her something as payment for doing that and the food she's given us! Jeez, so many quests and none of them are close to being complete!

Oh, right, she wanted us to check on 8bit for her, so let's tell her how he's doing.
>>
No. 816670 ID: fbb4a3

Oh thank you so much Matilda! We just want to give this egg thing a try right away but it's a bit awkward when we don't have a room yet. Your couch is the safest place for it. Can you tell us anything about how we make a room by the way?

Oh, and 8bit is doing fine. He's trying to work out a sort of knife room deathtrap but he's having some trouble working out what to do about the door so he's trying to get some help on the internet.

Looks like we're fine for food so I think we should let Lavender get really hungry and then eat all the way up to overstuffed to see if there's any more evolutions linked to hunger level.
>>
No. 816672 ID: 223638

>>816666
He's trying to make one of those silly deathtraps of his again. Though it seems his problem isn't in the main idea so much as how to eliminate the loopholes. The little bugger was told his Knife Room deathtrap was too easy to get out of as the person could just walk back out the door...so he wanted to just TOTALLY REMOVE THE DOOR. Seems pointless if you ask me. Why didn't he just think of adding a door that locks from the outside, and swings shut when someone enters? Anyway, is there anything we can do to repay you for your kindness? We feel as though we are taking advantage of you. Also we still need to figure out how to make a room, and I was wondering...can I make the doorway whatever I wanted? (Because we are totally making a doorway out of webbing curtains.)
>>
No. 816674 ID: 223638

>>816672
Oh yeah and if we may ask...what IS Matilda? And what can she do? She looks like a rag doll of some kind and she can...bloat? Is that all or are there powers you have that we haven't seen yet?
>>
No. 816675 ID: 91ee5f

>>816670
>Looks like we're fine for food so I think we should let Lavender get really hungry and then eat all the way up to overstuffed to see if there's any more evolutions linked to hunger level.
If Lavender is going to be laying eggs, then she's gotta eat so that the eggs stay healthy!

So, I agree with that! We should wait until Lavender is really hungry, then max out her stomach at overstuffed!
>>
No. 816677 ID: 3ce125

Also tell her 8bit has the hots for you. It's cute.
>>
No. 816678 ID: fbb4a3

>>816674
>>816677
I'm a little worried either of these might offend her. Like she said, we only just met.
>>
No. 816680 ID: 241143
File 150036146988.png - (134.00KB , 800x800 , Matilda.png )
816680

> Matilda seems genuinely surprised by the influx of sudden questions, and moreso about Lavender's legitimate curiosity in her. She cocks her head to the side, before waving off any insecurities Lavender may have.

[MATILDA] : Listen, hun. I offer you what I can because I want to, not because you need it. You're not taking advantage of me at all, hun, you can always ask. After all, in our first meeting I asked you to do something, and it was practically the first thing you did! Shows you care.

[MATILDA] : That's 8BIT for you. He's.. easily infatuated. And easily distracted, too. He likes to make things as complicated as possible with his traps, sort of rube goldeberg style things. He also likes making stuff that doesn't make sense, like a room with no way to enter or exit. He's a bit of a showoff, and likes to brag about what he makes! Got a bit of a cult following on the deep web, He's like... a speedrunner, only for murder, I guess. You should ask him about it! He really likes it when people he likes talk to him a lot.

[MATILDA] : As for me, I'm a... Well. That's a bit of a loaded question, really! I started out as a doll, but after some weird ritual I came to life, I suppose. Ended up with a need to consume the living, which is generally how it goes. Ended up being really good at it. Both of the shapes you see, this one and the more... round? One. They're both not actually what I look like. I'm quite a bit bigger, and much more patchwork. If you've ever seen Oogie Boogie from A Nightmare Before Christmas, Think of that but more patchwork and filled with corpses instead. ...Usually.
>>
No. 816681 ID: fbb4a3

How would you rate yourself as a singer compared to Oogie Boogie, Matilda?

Oh and we heard Oddrie has some plants which we might be able to use for dye. Any advice on how to approach him for that?
>>
No. 816688 ID: 3ce125

>Matilda is actually a giant patchwork ragdoll filled with corpses
Damn, she's a high level monster huh? Just how powerful are the monsters in the mansion?
>>
No. 816689 ID: 91ee5f

>>816680
>You're not taking advantage of me at all, hun, you can always ask.
Weeeelllllll, if she's absolutely sure, then I guess let's try >>816670 's plan of eating all the way up to overstuffed to see if there's any more evolutions linked to hunger level.

Unless anyone else here objects to that? If no one objects, then that's what I vote for us to do!

>You should ask him about it! He really likes it when people he likes talk to him a lot.
We'll do that next time we come by, after we actually finish some of these jobs we got from the other residents.

>>816681
All of this. I want to know about the singing thing and we'd like to not get caught by Oddrie's singing or his pheromones.
>>
No. 816690 ID: b27cac

That's really cool you can do that. Can many monsters shapeshift?

And we'll definitely come back to chat with 8bit later. I've had a few ideas for helping with that deathtrap already.
>>
No. 816691 ID: 3ce125

Lavender should probably avoid Overstuffed status, as to not get sluggish. We might get into a battle.

Getting back to Full is probably all we'd want to do. We saw a visual difference from Stuffed, I suspect there was some drawback to it.
>>
No. 816692 ID: b27cac

>>816691
Yeah we haven't seen her dip into the hungry statuses anyway and there could be evolutions for that too.
>>
No. 816698 ID: 91ee5f

>>816691
I'm not sure if she would actually be slowed down. I think the only drawback would be her stomach getting so swollen that it starts sticking out of her skin again. Which I'm sure it's meant to scare any humans we run into, considering we're all scary monsters and we're supposed to be scary to them.
>>
No. 816708 ID: e121d3

Do all monsters go through the evolution thing, or is that part of Lavender's spidery theme? Like, because spiders molt their carapace sort of thing?

Anyway tell Matilda that if she ever wants some cloth you can probably weave some up for her.
>>
No. 816782 ID: 241143
File 150043151687.png - (134.00KB , 800x800 , Matilda.png )
816782

> Matilda giggles lightly at the sudden onslaught of questions, as well as the request to eat. She grins slightly and stretches a little.

[MATILDA] : You can eat as much as you'd like! I'd... suggest eating as much as you wish, but eating too much may weigh you down to the point it becomes difficult to move in general.

[MATILDA] : We can shapeshift if we're built for it. I can actually evolve right now if I want to, but I'll lose shapeshifting! If... If you'd like I can evolve here. If you want to watch that is.
>>
No. 816784 ID: 7b95d9

Nah, nah, don't make yourself do it.
>>
No. 816786 ID: be0718

Neither thing sounds like a good idea right now. A hunger based evolution, on the other hand... hm.

Thank her for minding the egg for a bit while you go see Toblerone about embarking on his scavenger hunt.
>>
No. 816787 ID: aaafef

You make such good use of shapechanging though, it'd be a shame to lose it. What can the evolution do instead?

Food-wise I think we should let Lavender get hungry first, then go up to overstuffed, since she's already a little below half.
>>
No. 816795 ID: 223638

>>816782
The consensus is final then. MATILDA STAYS AS SHE DOES. Though I would like to know what her options were....if we can pry that deep. Thought I do feel we're starting to tread into uncomfortable territory here.
>>
No. 816798 ID: 3abd97

>>816782
If you want to evolve, go ahead, but please don't change yourself on my account.
>>
No. 816805 ID: 91ee5f

>>816782
>You can eat as much as you'd like! I'd...suggest eating as much as you wish, but eating too much may weigh you down to the point it becomes difficult to move in general.
Well, in that case, I still want to try going to OVERSTUFFED, but I'm willing to wait until some other time to try that. For now, let's get Lavender up to FULL and then go over to Jerry and see if we can find Teleste's invisible bat, since Crackle said he lost it over there!
>>
No. 816811 ID: 241143
File 150044094514.png - (49.23KB , 800x800 , Spookquest24.png )
816811

> Matilda decides to explain her options as Lavender eats.

[MATILDA] : My ability to 'shapeshift' is due to my indecision on which form to take, to be honest. I can choose one form or the other, but I have to evolve. My body won't sustain itself like it is. I can choose between a big bag of corpses, which ups the creepy factor and gives access to store more food and other such things, or I can choose a lanky scarecrow, which makes it easier for me to gather information on stuff...

> MATILDA must evolve in the near future. You may either choose now, or a coin flip will choose which form she takes at her next visit.
>>
No. 816812 ID: 241143
File 150044105496.png - (406.21KB , 800x800 , Matilda3.png )
816812

> Form A; Nickname Oogie Boogie

> Able to store and contain a lot of corpses, makes an excellent storage space/bed/nest. Can control dead things within a certain range of themselves, 'animating' dead contained within them and attracting nearby corpses like a massive magnet.
>>
No. 816814 ID: 241143
File 150044114947.png - (132.94KB , 800x800 , Matilda4.png )
816814

> Form B; Nickname Slenderwoman

> Able to subtly manipulate the senses of others, causing them to see/hear things that are not present. Can read the minds of others, and is able to tell what is most/least effective against them. Surprisingly durable and terrifyingly fast.
>>
No. 816816 ID: be0718

Gossip's your true calling, Matilda. If you gotta pick a form, try Slenderwoman.

If it's too hard to choose though, why not pick No Evo and wait for new forms to come up?
>>
No. 816817 ID: 7b95d9

>>816816
I think those are the only two.

Anywho,

seems like yeah, you tend to have fun with gossip, so I'd go Slenderwoman.
>>
No. 816819 ID: aaafef

Oh those both look amazing but I can't turn down those eyeball arms. As tempting as it is to set off miniature zombie apocalpyses, Slenderwoman really suits Matilda's love of gossip.

Matilda, can we see your true form before you change?
>>
No. 816820 ID: 3abd97

Information seems a lot more dangerous than storage capacity, even if being a living bag of holding is useful.

...although if she's been acting as the fridge this whole time, having that supply of food the house was depending on disappear when she evolves might be bad. If she did go slender, presumably we would want to remove what she currently has in storage and put it somewhere else.
>>
No. 816821 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 1 = 1

I can't decide, so I'm gonna flip my own coin.

1 for Form A; Nickname Oogie Boogie

2 for Form B; Nickname Slenderwoman
>>
No. 816822 ID: 91ee5f

>>816821
Looks like my coin has chosen Form A; Nickname Oogie Boogie, so that's what I'll be voting for!

>>816819
>Matilda, can we see your true form before you change?
Also this.

But if that's not possible, then it might show up in the disthread.

>>816820
>...although if she's been acting as the fridge this whole time, having that supply of food the house was depending on disappear when she evolves might be bad.
You bring up a good point.
>>
No. 816823 ID: 3ce125

>>816814
I like Form B better in general, but is there another option to stockpile food for the mansion?
>>
No. 816824 ID: aaafef

>>816819
Wait sorry the more I think about the potential of reanimating her stored corpses the more interesting it gets. Especially if we can just chuck animated body parts at people.

I'll change to Oogie Boogie.
>>
No. 816827 ID: 67856c

I'll go with Form Corps Bag.
>>
No. 816830 ID: 227827

I vote slender
>>
No. 816831 ID: 6ec655

Form B. You're not exactly starving, so using a low-calorie form would maximize efficiency. The others don't prioritize information gathering, so specializing would make sense.
>>
No. 816834 ID: 241143
File 150044838217.png - (393.28KB , 800x800 , Spookquest25.png )
816834

> Evolution happens, and surprisingly quickly. There's is a burst of light, and Matilda's form quickly turns dark, almost pitch black, before beginning to rapidly vibrate and distort violently, becoming Almost... difficult to look at.

> The change is drastic. She becomes taller, larger, mostly much taller. She also becomes very spindly, almost like she's being held up by thin branches. From her dress drops a mass of tangled corpses, from which she grows like an odd, unusual tree. Her mouth seems to close itself up, and one of her eyes hides itself behind her hair. Her voice changes ever so slightly to become almost reedlike, hollowish.
>>
No. 816835 ID: 241143
File 150044844574.png - (224.65KB , 800x800 , Matilda.png )
816835

[MATILDA] : ...How do I look...? It has... been some time since I've chosen to evolve. I think this look is fitting, no?
>>
No. 816837 ID: be0718

Marvelous, darling! I think the hallucinations are working already. Somebody far away is demanding twenty dollars...
>>
No. 816838 ID: be0718

Offer to help clean up. You can cocoon the cadavers quickly for collection and collude to co-locate a cold container!
>>
No. 816839 ID: 3ce125

>>816835
Very nice, Spymaster Matilda.
>>
No. 816840 ID: aaafef

Yes, nice job accessorising with your stylish hat.
>>
No. 816849 ID: dd4df2

Compliment her on her hair sheen and tell her she's become quite beautiful. Offer to help clean up the cadavers and warp them in silk for storage, and then, if she'd like, say that the two of you should go on a round trip together around the mansion and show off your new evolutions to some of the other monsters.

[We should pick up Matilda as a temporary party member - if she's willing! Mostly because I'd like to see the reactions of the other monsters to the dual evolutions.]
>>
No. 816856 ID: 91ee5f

>>816835
A new form means new metadata! Let's take a look!

Also, compliment her new look and tell her that she looks nice!

>>816849
Don't get your hopes up, that might not be allowed.
>>
No. 816857 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 65 = 65

>>816856
Also, if Matilda was the one that said she could read minds in this form and it didn't come from the metadata, then ask to test her new mind reading powers!

Lavender is thinking of a number between 1 and 100, what number is she thinking of?

I'm gonna roll a 1d100 and whatever the result is will be the number Lavender is thinking of.
>>
No. 816863 ID: 3d2d5f

>>816835
Sounds like she's a little insecure after transforming.

You hug that doll right now.
>>
No. 816961 ID: 241143
File 150051528164.png - (224.65KB , 800x800 , Matilda.png )
816961

> Matilda seems pleased at the compliments, but then very airly waves them away. She stops after the suggestion of reading the mind, and then begins to focus very hard. Lavender can very subtly see things darting about in the corner of her eyes, before Matilda relaxes.

[MATILDA] : ...65. You're thinking of that number. ...And... I do appreciate the request to help, but I believe I will stay here. Just because they are no longer physically inside me does not mean these corpses are not still under my charge. I need to tend to them.

> [MATILDA] declines your offer to join. This is to be expected of every monster in the future; They have settled in to where they wish to be in the mansion.

Dateability: 8/10
Sight: 2/10
Height: 9/10
Fright: 7/10

[MATILDA] is a massively tall MENTAL type monster that is all about the LATEST GOSSIP. She can READ PEOPLE'S MINDS, as well as cause CREEPY HALLUCINATIONS and REVEAL SECRETS. She's the SOFTEST TO THE TOUCH of anyone present, but also CONSTANTLY SURROUNDED BY CORPSES. DESSERTS is the easiest way to win her HEART.
>>
No. 816962 ID: 078a83

Well thanks for everything, Matilda. Enjoy your new form.

I guess it's time to head back to the hall? Or should we hop to the garden to meet Oddrie?
>>
No. 816965 ID: 3abd97

>She's the SOFTEST TO THE TOUCH of anyone present
Come on. Hugs?

>corpses still under my charge
A corpse garden.

>dateability went down
Treacherous UI.
>>
No. 816966 ID: 078a83

>>816965
She evolved, she's gotta raise her standards.
>>
No. 816967 ID: 223638

>>816961
"Corpses under her charge"
Ah so she is like a...necromancer then...kinda.
>>
No. 816970 ID: 91ee5f

>>816961
Offer her a goodbye hug and tell her that you'll come and visit later!

Let's go to Jerry's room. Crackle said he thinks he dropped Teleste's invisible bat there.

>>816965
>Treacherous UI.
It's only 1 point, it's not that big of a deal. Now, if it were 4 or 5 points, then I'd agree with you!
>>
No. 816972 ID: 3ce125

>>816966
I have to assume Dateability scores changing due to an evolution is due to new perceptions of the physical evolution, not a change in mindset or preferences. Or maybe there's some physical compatibility to keep in mind?
In this case, maybe Lavender prefers partners to be near her size? It's only 1 point anyway.

>>816961
Alright, see you later then. (did Lavender get a bite to eat?)
>>
No. 816974 ID: 078a83

>>816972
Weren't we going to let her go hungry for a bit to see if that is linked to any evolutions?
>>
No. 816982 ID: 91ee5f

>>816972
>(did Lavender get a bite to eat?)
Yes. Up at the top here: >>816811 , it says, Matilda decides to explain her options as Lavender eats.

>>816974
Too late, she already ate!
>>
No. 816992 ID: be0718

>>816974
Yeah, that was suggested (and Lavender eating again was not mentioned).

The corpses looked a lot bigger in Oogie Boogie. ...Oh, she must have gone way bigger. How's the weather up there?

We must be the only mobile being in the whole place (except for Toblerone, kinda). I wonder if that will net us any evolutions based on being a huntsman spider instead of a web-laying spider. Not that I'm looking forward to an eternity of being a courier, but it does leave more secrets for us to discover, and no one else!
...Back on track now. Check HALLWAY to see if Jerry's feeling better.
>>
No. 816993 ID: 91ee5f

>>816992
>(and Lavender eating again was not mentioned).
Yes, it was. See: >>816811 , where it says, "Matilda decides to explain her options as Lavender eats." at the top of the update.
>>
No. 817002 ID: 241143
File 150052009082.png - (214.90KB , 800x800 , SPOOKQUEST26.png )
817002

> You enter the HALLWAY

> REGINALD can be heard practicing through the moldy trapdoor
> the door to VICTORIA's room is well kept and clear of any unwanted grime.
> PEABODY sounds like they're teaching the rats to sing!
> there is a WEIRD SYMBOL where the submarine hatch used to be
> DAISY probably hasn't moved from her spot if you wanna visit
> JERRY's door is slightly ajar
> TELESTE's has old timey grain flickering on the doorknob
> actually, let's check out the FOYER
>>
No. 817006 ID: 8a947d

ey! Jerry's capitalized!

lets go see about that invisible bat, Crackle said Jerry had it right ?
>>
No. 817008 ID: 91ee5f

>>817002
There's a WEIRD SYMBOL? That's new!

But we can look at that later! Right now, let's go to Jerry and ask if he's tripped over Teleste's invisible bat that Crackle said he dropped over here.
>>
No. 817011 ID: 078a83

Check out the symbol immediately in case it disappears.
>>
No. 817022 ID: 3ce125

>>817002
Check out the weird symbol.
>>
No. 817026 ID: 241143
File 150052353278.png - (266.23KB , 800x800 , MysterySymbol.png )
817026

> The symbol seems to have replaced a door in it's entirety. At the same time, it seems old, faded, Like it's always been there.

> Maybe it has.

> It seems to have some sort of trigger that causes it to... do something. What exactly that is, however, Lavender doesn't know.

> [INTERACT?] [Y/N]
>>
No. 817030 ID: be0718

N! I smell a point of no return!
>>
No. 817031 ID: 143250

cover it with your web
>>
No. 817035 ID: 078a83

Poke the thing. This symbol was made for us!
>>
No. 817038 ID: 91ee5f

No, we can look at it later!

Go to Jerry!
>>
No. 817042 ID: 3ce125

>>817026
No. That's probably how we claim a room. Naut left the mansion so he doesn't have a room here anymore. Taking his spot would be rude, let's not do it, we've already been rude enough to him.

Talk to JERRY.
>>
No. 817049 ID: 241143
File 150052673603.png - (82.71KB , 800x800 , Jerry.png )
817049

> You decide to chat with Jerry. His room seems much neater now, having conducted himself and his surroundings quite nicely. It seems that it was purposefully made to look nice. Seems when he's not drunk his room actually looks respectable. The guy seems to have a lot of various animal heads on plaques hanging from the wall. Jerry regards you carefully, frowning slightly, before pulling their coat up.

[JERRY] : Taking that sort of route, I see. I am not much for children, but I respect your choices, I suppose.
>>
No. 817052 ID: 91ee5f

>>817049
>Taking that sort of route, I see. I am not much for children, but I respect your choices, I suppose.
"Thanks! And I respect you for.....whatever you do I guess."

"By the way, did you happen to trip over Teleste's invisible bat recently? Crackle said he dropped it over here the last time he was here."
>>
No. 817054 ID: 3ce125

>>817049
What're you into, then?
>>
No. 817056 ID: 078a83

Well you know, I just think of all the little spiderlings and the cute faces of the humans as they get swarmed under.

You've got a lot of animal heads here, do you collect them? Do you have any ones you're especially proud of?
>>
No. 817058 ID: 241143
File 150052742911.png - (82.71KB , 800x800 , Jerry.png )
817058

[JERRY] : ... They pull this trick every goddamn time, and no one ever catches on. Teleste and Crackle are good friends, and they like to send newbies on some 'fake' mission to see if they'll actually catch on. Teleste is a Mime. She just needs to mime something to make it real, and as soon as she stops it stops too. Fucking... One of these days I'll have a chat with Toblerone about it, but he'd probably blow me off. Something like 'it's all in good sport, and gets the new resident to know the place better' or something.

> Jerry mumbles bitterly under their breath, and you can definitely hear something brittle being struck repeatedly.

[JERRY]
Dateability: 3/10
Brooding: 9/10
Bruising: 6/10
Booties: 2/10

[JERRY] is a HORROR type monster that specializes in BODY HORROR. Underneath his cloak is a BUNCH OF REALLY GROSS STUFF that he can MANIPULATE THE APPEARANCE OF. He really likes TAXIDERMY and kind of wanted to be a PAWN SHOP OWNER before he was MONSTERFIED. [JERRY] is the ONLY POSTHUMAN in the entire house, and as a result has DIFFICULTY GETTING ALONG WITH OTHERS. He has a NO KILL POLICY.
>>
No. 817059 ID: 91ee5f

>>817058
.....*facepalm* D'oh! >_<

"To be honest, I should've seen that coming. Well, sorry to bother you, I'll be leaving now."

Go to Teleste and say, "Did you just send me on a wild goose chase?"

This is a good opportunity to visit Teleste and show off our new form to her! Since she's also a 10/10 in dateability, let's see if she's anything like 8bit when it comes to talking to us!
>>
No. 817060 ID: 3ce125

>>817058
Well I mean it was obvious Teleste created the bat via Mime powers, I just figured it was permanent and she had a limited number of objects she could make or something.

Wait, he used to be human? So there's a way for a human to become a monster that isn't a Wendigo?
>>
No. 817062 ID: 078a83

>>817060
Lavender can't discuss metadata. We'll have to wait for him to bring it up.
>>
No. 817065 ID: 3ce125

>>817062
Then I guess she should ask why he's so grumpy.
>>
No. 817067 ID: be0718

If we actually bring something back, she'll be surprised. How about we bring back wrappings in the shape of a bat (animal)? Then pretend to drop it when we unwrap it and lose track of it again.
>>
No. 817070 ID: 3ce125

>>817067
She said baseball bat though.
>>
No. 817071 ID: 078a83

>>817067
We could pop out to the garden and wrap up a stick so it looks like a baseball bat?
>>
No. 817074 ID: 91ee5f

>>817065
It probably because every time Teleste and Crackle pull this prank on the new monsters, they're always sent to Jerry!
>>
No. 817075 ID: be0718

>>817070
There's nothing in the the rules that says a flying mammal can't play baseball!
>>
No. 817080 ID: 91ee5f

>>817075
Is that the same rulebook that let that dog play basketball?
>>
No. 817105 ID: dd4df2

>>817058

"Could Teleste just not have stopped miming the bat, though, and left it here? You didn't notice anything odd while you were cleaning up your room, did you?"

"Forgive me if I'm being pert! I just like to keep an open mind about others' intentions and as far as pranks go, this seems fairly innocent... and boy, Crackle sure seemed nervous, now that I think about it."

"That said, I think I messed up a kind-of prank of mine on someone. The submarine hatch outside in the hall - of another new monster I think? - has disappeared and now there's a weird old symbol in its place. Got any idea what that means? I'm a bit bummed I might have done something... bad?"
>>
No. 817119 ID: ba56e6

>>817071
This.
>>
No. 817121 ID: 241143
File 150056618579.png - (82.71KB , 800x800 , Jerry.png )
817121

[JERRY] : ...You're concerned about being bad. Really. That is... Honestly a bit of a surprise. a pleasant thing to hear.

> [JERRY]'S DATEABILITY HAS INCREASED BY 1

[JERRY] : There's not gonna be a baseball bat. Teleste pulls this prank so people will actually have a reason to visit her again. She's actually fairly creepy by most people here's standards; For some reason a lack of color causes monsters to become slightly nervous. It's why Crackle and Teleste are friends; No color scheme. As for... Crackle, he's a really good actor. Insanely good. He's offered to teach Reginald some tricks, after all you don't get on the big screen without some, but Reginald just wants to be uptight and snooty and pompous. ...I'm getting off track.

[JERRY] : ...Symbol is new. Usually when someone leaves the door just vanishes. ...Might want to report that to Toblerone.
>>
No. 817135 ID: 7b7ab3

Yeah, we're pretty concerned about being bad. From what we've heard, being a monster sounds pretty awful. Having to hide away from the world, having to hurt and frighten people just to survive; it sounds like the worst.
But we've also heard that you don't have to be the worst just because you're a monster. Do you know anything about that?
>>
No. 817139 ID: 91ee5f

>>817121
>...Symbol is new. Usually when someone leaves the door just vanishes. ...Might want to report that to Toblerone.
Yeah, I'm worried about that also. But I want to go visit Teleste while we're close to her door!

.....I'm sure the symbol can wait for a little bit. Say bye to Jerry and thank him for his time. Then go visit Teleste.
>>
No. 817143 ID: 3ce125

>>817121
>Teleste's appearance is unnerving to most monsters
Well I guess Lavender is an exception then.

Hmm, I'm not sure how to approach her again though. Just showing up and going "nice prank bro" seems a bit lame. Maybe we can ask Crackle for an idea, since he knows her so well. We should also talk to Toblerone asap.
>>
No. 817147 ID: 9d5ded

>>817135
This.
How can one be a monster without being monstrous about it?
What do we do if a human shows up?
>>
No. 817168 ID: be0718

Really? I guess her Dateability was rather low with most everyone... until we showed up.
Thank Jerry for helping with your 'quest' and stop by the FOYER on the way to the COURTYARD, to get a stick.
>>
No. 817170 ID: be0718

>>817147
This is a dangerous line of thought. Don't starve yourself or the other monsters out of some arbitrary moral code.
As long as you don't reveal yourself, you don't need to hurt them, and as long as you don't hurt them, they wont turn into something like the Wendigo.
>>
No. 817176 ID: ba56e6

>>817121
"I try not to judge people too harshly by their appearance."
>>
No. 817177 ID: ba56e6

>>817170
>>817135
Actually, ask Jerry if there's a way to apply our Charm Venom without making the human a monster or needing to kill them.

We might be able to Evolve our Charm Venom into a more specialized Amnesia Venom. That way the monsters can scare someone, we can wipe their memory, and we send them on their way without needing to hurt or kill them to keep our secret. As a bonus, no victim would ever become jaded, meaning they would always be a fresh batch of fear if we scare them again in the future!

Sustainable, ecological, and... mostly ethical.
>>
No. 817185 ID: 91ee5f

I can already see where everyone is going with their train of thought and I'd like to say, No, we're not doing that!

The monsters that live here have their own system to how things are done here and how they handle humans. A human is going to come in, get the shit scared out of them, and then get killed. The other monsters will most likely reject any change to their routine.

And, like how we can't have party members follow us, that's probably something we're not allowed to change. We just have to accept it and move on.

Anyone here know of the quest called "I Am"? Let's not turn this quest into another "kill them, don't kill them" debate!
>>
No. 817186 ID: dd4df2

>>817176

"Except that one time."
>>
No. 817193 ID: ba56e6

>>817185
>And, like how we can't have party members follow us, that's probably something we're not allowed to change. We just have to accept it and move on.
That's the sound of a quitter.
Jerry Route is best Route.

>>817186
"That was more the fact of him appearing, not his appearance itself."
>>
No. 817197 ID: 91ee5f

>>817193
>That's the sound of a quitter.
No, it's the sound of someone that doesn't want another quest to get flooded by everyone arguing over killing or not killing.
>>
No. 817199 ID: e121d3

We could probably pull some freaky monster spider mom biz, like eating someone's heart and recreating them as our own fresh monster child.
>>
No. 817202 ID: ba56e6

>>817197
>I can already see where everyone is going with their train of thought and I'd like to say, No, we're not doing that!

There was no argument or debate happening until you used this line to try and order everyone to do what you want.

If you don't want people starting shit, not starting shit is a good place to start.
>>
No. 817206 ID: 3abd97

>Teleste pulls this prank so people will actually have a reason to visit her again. She's actually fairly creepy by most people here's standards; For some reason a lack of color causes monsters to become slightly nervous.
Huh, I would have visited her again anyways. She's nice!

>>817176
>>817186
To be fair, that was judging him on who he was and being sick of his shit, not his physical appearance. At least on my part.
>>
No. 817218 ID: ba56e6

>>817206
Unfamiliar with Naut, except a passing awareness that he exists. Care to fill me in on him in the discussion thread in case he shows up again?
>>
No. 817226 ID: 241143
File 150060705488.png - (82.71KB , 800x800 , Jerry.png )
817226

> Jerry becomes visibly, slightly adgitated as he is suddenly bombarded by questions. He taps his foot in annoyance, before holding out his hands. They are mangled, gnarled things, held together loosely with stitches. He seems to be very firm when he next speaks.

[JERRY] : Stop! Stop. I don't... know. How you figured out I used to be human. I don't care. It was probably some sort of metadata... THING that toblerone can also do. Being a monster sucks because you have to eat fear to survive. You have to have humans experience fear, and you have to be close enough to feed on it. But if you influence them directly somehow, that human becomes a monster. More severe things like a bite, or a scratch, or severe mental trauma, that causes you to turn into a more severe monster. Something like me? A simple mish mash of corpses? All I had to do to turn. was SEE one. My no kill policy makes it the hardest for me to survive out of anyone here, because I can never allow myself to be seen. I have to get things ready for people before they show up. if they so much as see even a part of me flit in? Show up in the slightest? even just the tip of my tail. They'll turn. And that pain is something I don't wish on anyone.

[JERRY] : ...Making something so they wouldn't remember encountering you... I don't. Know if it would work. I don't want to try. If it fails... That's someone else doomed to a moment of pain so brief it feels like an eternity. Doomed to hide in the shadows and hope, gods, hope that if anyone ever sees them, it's someone that can either never experience it, or already has.
>>
No. 817227 ID: 227827

... ask if he'd like a hug
>>
No. 817228 ID: d58ba4

Hug the poor man.

What if you wear a disguise? Is it based on uncertainty about what they saw?
>>
No. 817229 ID: ba56e6

>>817226
"I'm a big chunky VISCERAL monster, so doing sneaky antics is gonna be tough. I think the memory cheat is worth looking into if it could save lives."

"It's better if it doesn't come to that, though. Do you maybe want to brainstorm scare tactics together?"
>>
No. 817230 ID: 3abd97

>>817227
Yes
>>
No. 817231 ID: be0718

No more questions, you guys are giving the poor man a headache. Let's see Toblerone.
>>
No. 817232 ID: 276fb8

>>817229
This and that we're sorry, we're new to this and we don't want to hurt anyone either.

Also sidenote for ourselves, find out if our spawn have the same effect as we do. If we can use webs and proxies we might not have to hurt anyone, and we can see about the memory wipe too.
>>
No. 817233 ID: 91ee5f

>>817231
This. No more questions. Just apologize for the sudden interrogation and leave. Then go see Toblerone and report about that WEIRD SYMBOL in the HALLWAY.
>>
No. 817234 ID: ba56e6

>>817231
>>817233
Fair point. I'll leave further progress for the next time we meet him.

Retracting my prior lines. Let's go to the FOYER once hugs are offered and accepted/rejected.
>>
No. 817236 ID: 3ce125

>>817226
>suddenly bombarded by questions
Four questions is too many. Noted.

Let's go back out and ask Toblerone what's up with that symbol (should we pause in the hallway first? Before, we couldn't teleport around, but we just skipped the foyer.)
>>
No. 817239 ID: 241143
File 150061128677.png - (601.51KB , 800x800 , Spookquest27.png )
817239

> JERRY is given a HUG

> Lavender and Jerry have a Moment.
>>
No. 817240 ID: 241143
File 150061139744.png - (304.33KB , 800x800 , Spookquest28.png )
817240

> You head to the FOYER

> head up the stairs to the HALLWAY
> the COURTYARD looks beautiful tonight
> looks like the LOUNGE is in the basement
> TOBLERONE's painting frame is shaking with glee
> SAINT JOHN stands stock still in the corner
>>
No. 817241 ID: d58ba4

Time to talk to Toblerone.
>>
No. 817242 ID: ba56e6

>>817240
Toblerone what's so funny?
>>
No. 817243 ID: 3ce125

The shaking portrait description is the default one. Earlier it was strangely still, which is when we should have spoken to him. Or maybe he wasn't IN the portrait then, and was talking to Naut somewhere else?

Anyway we gotta ask him if he knows if there's a way to contact Naut, and what the heck that symbol is.
>>
No. 817244 ID: 241143
File 150061218217.png - (309.40KB , 800x800 , Toblerone.png )
817244

> TOBLERONE pops out of his frame as he's addressed.

[TOBLERONE] Ladies and Gentlemen, it's... SHOWtime! Looks like you've met everyone in the house! A gold star for you!

> Toblerone puts a tiny gold star sticker onto Lavender's left cheek, cracked, lopsided grin spreading wide all the while.

[TOBLERONE] : I assume you want to know how to get in to the secret area! It appears that our good friend Peabody, You know the one, may have found a curious note telling about somewhere within the house. He's going to want something for it of course, but I'll let you two talk about what to trade.
>>
No. 817245 ID: ba56e6

>>817244
Yo, Naut's room now looks like the magic mirror from the Huntsman movies. That's probably bad.
>>
No. 817246 ID: be0718

Oh boy! Hey, Naut left a weird rune where his door used to be. What could it meaaaan?
Also, does anybody in the house besides Teleste have experience with balloon animals? I need to know for reasons.
>>
No. 817250 ID: 91ee5f

>>817239
Awwwww! <:'-)

>>817244
Before we do that, we just wanted to let you know that there's a WEIRD SYMBOL in the HALLWAY where the submarine hatch used to be. Normally, we wouldn't have said anything, but Jerry said that's not something that normally happens and suggested that we come and report it to you. So, here we are, reporting it to you. I've just gotta know: Is that WEIRD SYMBOL in the HALLWAY dangerous?
>>
No. 817251 ID: 227827

Alright, that sounds neat but that's not the only reason I came by. I saw a strange symbol in the hall and after asking around I was told I should probably tell you about it.
>>
No. 817254 ID: 241143
File 150061512924.png - (309.40KB , 800x800 , Toblerone.png )
817254

[TOBLERONE] : ...Ah. Well! Naut has... relocated. To the secret area. Said he needed some time to 'think'. No idea what could be bothering the poor fellow. As for the... Symbol. It's happened Thrice in the past, and each time has lead to a change in our lifestyle. The first time it appeared, It's interaction created the secret area in and of it's entirety. The second time it appeared, part of the house, specifically the ballroom, entirely collapsed, leading to devestation. The third time it appeared... The third time it appeared, the old head of household was killed by humans. I do not know what it means, but be careful.
>>
No. 817255 ID: d58ba4

What happens to humans who kill a monster?
>>
No. 817256 ID: 91ee5f

>>817254
>As for the...Symbol. It's happened Thrice in the past, and each time has lead to a change in our lifestyle.
So, interacting with the Symbol results in change, but there's no guarantee that it'll be a good change.

Well, seeing as it's been a bad change more than a good change, I'd like to avoid it.....for now. Maybe after we do a few things first, we'll check it out.

Thanks for the info, Toblerone! Let's go talk to Peabody about that note he found!
>>
No. 817259 ID: ba56e6

>>817255
Wendigo, maybe?

>>817254
Question. What happens on Halloween?
>>
No. 817262 ID: 3ce125

>>817254
Ask if you should touch it or not.
>>
No. 817263 ID: be0718

Peabody later, courtyard now! We just need a long, narrow stick.
>>
No. 817264 ID: 3ce125

Oh shit also tell him about the Wendigo and the conversation we had with him.
>>
No. 817265 ID: ba56e6

>>817263
Oh, and this. One task at a time. We gotta make a bat.
>>
No. 817266 ID: df00b4

By the way we already know the painting in the LOUNGE leads to the secret area.
>>
No. 817282 ID: 91ee5f

>>817264
We already did right here: >>814996 . That's how we found out that the Wendigo used to be a human.
>>
No. 817294 ID: 917983

Let's go visit Naut and tell him we are sorry.
>>
No. 817305 ID: 91ee5f

>>817294
We can't do that yet.

Naut was moved to the secret area, which we already know is behind the painting in the LOUNGE. But, we don't know how to enter the painting.

Which is the point of us trying to find that special note that Toblerone wants us to go look for. The note tells us of a specific way that only Lavender can use to enter the painting.

So if we want to enter the secret area to apologize to Naut, we're gonna need to find that special note first!
>>
No. 817365 ID: 3abd97

>>817255
Assuming the humans who killed the monster saw it, they're still cursed to become a monster themselves.
>>
No. 817368 ID: 241143
File 150068443165.png - (309.40KB , 800x800 , Toblerone.png )
817368

[TOBLERONE] : ...Lot of... lot of questions. Lot of concerns. I take it you've spoken with Jerry. Interactions with humans is... generally how monsters reproduce, yes. Halloween is, for us, essentially a very glorified 'valentines day'. There's a reason we try to keep human interaction to a minimum here at the House. Humans escaping turn into monsters that don't know how things work, create more monsters that don't know how things work, and eventually some government body shows up and kills every monster they can find. It's happened twice in the past.

[TOBLERONE] : Don't! Touch. The symbol, please. We will gather up the residents once I've decided what to do with it. Which includes the ones in the secret area, which SOMEone apparently spoiled for you lot. I was really looking forwards to that. Did you forget I can read Metadata? Ugh. Anyway, I gave peabody the note, told him to have you trade something from Reginald for it. If you want to just grab the note from him I guess you can spoil my fun.
>>
No. 817369 ID: 3abd97

>generally how monsters reproduce, yes
Is that where I came from? I don't remember being a human.
>>
No. 817370 ID: 4429c6

Welp, ok. No touchy the symbol.

Let's go visit Teleste again, and then over to Reginald and then to Peabody! Might as well let Toblerone have his fun. Then we can pop in to the secret area.

We should probably start a log of all of our side missions and who needs what items.
>>
No. 817371 ID: be0718

But there's only one posthuman in the house, I thought. Are monsters also created from killing a human?

Questing's what we do Toblerone, of course we'll go see Peabody. Eventually. Let's go outside first so we have everything we need already once we return to the HALLWAY.
>>
No. 817375 ID: b27cac

Sorry about that Toblerone. We got too wrapped up in talking to people and found out about it by accident. Mission success on introductions though huh? We'll go trade with Peabody.
>>
No. 817376 ID: 3ce125

>>817368
Ok. Next task is to go make a bat by wrapping up a stick, I guess. Oh, we can give it to her by saying next time she wants to prank someone she can use a real prop!
>>
No. 817414 ID: ba56e6

>>817376
This.
Besides, Teleste might be able to help us get something from Reginald.
>>
No. 817416 ID: 241143
File 150069388361.png - (334.37KB , 800x800 , Spookquest29.png )
817416

> You enter the COURTYARD

> head back to the FOYER
> AMELIE seems to have a lovely singing voice...
> ODDRIE may have let the briars get a little out of hand.
> the forest is cold tonight...
>>
No. 817417 ID: 3ce125

Let's check on ODDRIE. The briars weren't like this before.
>>
No. 817419 ID: b27cac

Yup Oddrie. We can ask for a stick for the fake bat and if he know anything about the Strange Plant or has other dyes. It might pay to pick up a selection.
>>
No. 817423 ID: ba56e6

>>817419
Yup. Oddrie has a lot of stuff we could benefit from.
>>
No. 817431 ID: 241143
File 150069559528.png - (208.04KB , 800x800 , Oddrie.png )
817431

> You go to chat with ODDRIE.

> The vines part as you enter, and Oddrie seems to be lazing around, before they raise their head slowly and slowly give a soft wave, seeming fairly apprehensive. An oddly nervous smile graces his face.

[ODDRIE] : Pleasure to see you again. You've changed, I see. Already getting settled in...?
>>
No. 817435 ID: b27cac

I've been getting to know a few people. They're so friendly! Yet to make a room of my own though.

How are you doing here? Spotted the brambles have really sprung up.

Running a few errands too. Offered to make Victoria a new dress but don't have any dye. Can you help there? Oh, and I'd like to find a stick to wrap up and give to Teleste as an invisible bat.

Anything you need?
>>
No. 817436 ID: 6431e3

>>817435
Wow, we cannot stop asking questions.
>>
No. 817440 ID: be0718

Mm hmm. Running errands, lending ears, everyone's so accommodating. Right now we're looking for a stick, about baseball bat-shaped. We're gonna wrap it up, make the silhouette bat-shaped, and present it to Teleste as if we actually found her invisible bat.
Do you get visitors often? Everyone seems kinda... rooted to the spot. Know what I mean?
>>
No. 817443 ID: ba56e6

>>817431
Apologies for the false alarm about intruders, before. Peabody was talking about them and we thought they were here NOW. Toblerone cleared that up.
>>
No. 817460 ID: 91ee5f

>>817435
Geez, we really do ask too many questions at once!

Try only asking about the dye. We can find a stick on our own by just looking down every once and a while.

Lavender, look down at the ground to see if you can find a stick.

>>817443
Yeah, let's apologize about that false alarm.
>>
No. 817486 ID: 3ce125

>>817431
Yeah, still no room yet. Got too many irons on the fire.
>>
No. 817487 ID: 143250

Hey, we make webs. We can make our own room wherever we want. Ask if there is a place for you to build your web and live at out here.
>>
No. 817527 ID: 241143
File 150074260076.png - (208.04KB , 800x800 , Oddrie.png )
817527

[ODDRIE] : My my. Aren't you just full of questions. Hm. Well, if you're looking for dyes, I believe that some ground up violets may be helpful in the creation of deep violet dye, so long as you have Peabody help you with it.

[ODDRIE] : ...A False alarm...? I was wondering why no one had come by in so long... They usually tell me before and after a human shows up... ...Mhh... It's not your fault. I think I'll keep the brambles as they are; It's a little nice.

[ODDRIE] : ...I don't get very many visitors, no. But it's kind of nice to be alone with my thoughts. The air is very crisp, and the weather is nice throughout the year here, so I never have any reason to go inside...
>>
No. 817533 ID: 91ee5f

>>817527
>Well, if you're looking for dyes, I believe that some ground up violets may be helpful in the creation of deep violet dye, so long as you have Peabody help you with it.
That's convenient. We were going to go visit Peabody anyways so that Toblerone can still have his fun with his note scavenger hunt.

Let's ask Oddrie if he wants something in exchange for some violets. If he doesn't want anything, then thank him and grab some violets.
>>
No. 817535 ID: 3ce125

>>817533
Yep.
>>
No. 817550 ID: 241143
File 150075157557.png - (208.04KB , 800x800 , Oddrie.png )
817550

[ODDRIE] : Something... In exchange? Hm... I do enjoy my plants very much, but... I'm... not entirely sure. Perhaps. Perhaps a favor? Deep in the forest, there is a large fruit, coipous and potent, the color of the tears of a child and as rich and juicy as flesh of a rich man. It is said to bring great power, and I believe it could help me grow as a person. The trek is dangerous, so arm yourself first, but if you could fetch it, I would be most grateful.

> Oddrie gives you the Violets and the Smooth Stick

[QUEST] [Eden's Final Gift]
[Requires: Fruit of Eden]
>>
No. 817556 ID: d79f26

will totally need a full compliment of gear and and as many drones as we can handle. because eden implies "garden of eden", and that shit is guarded by angels and a flaming sword that seems to face every direction at the same time.
>>
No. 817558 ID: 91ee5f

>>817550
Since he gave us our payment before we got him what he wanted we could just not do it. Buuuut, that would be a huge dick move and Lavender isn't the kind of monster to do things like that! So it looks like we're gonna have to maybe find a weapon or something to go get that Fruit of Eden he wants!

But before we do that, let's go ahead and finish what we're doing right now!

Let's first go speak to Peabody about getting these Violets turned into dye.

After that, we can get that Smooth Stick ready for our prank on Teleste.
>>
No. 817572 ID: ba56e6

>>817558
This. Go back to the Foyer, then to the Hallway, then to Peabody.
>>
No. 817586 ID: 241143
File 150076162509.png - (215.85KB , 800x800 , Spookquest30.png )
817586

> You enter the HALLWAY

> REGINALD can be heard practicing through the moldy trapdoor
> the door to VICTORIA's room is well kept and clear of any unwanted grime.
> PEABODY sounds like they're teaching the rats to sing!
> there is a WEIRD SYMBOL where the submarine hatch used to be
> DAISY probably hasn't moved from her spot if you wanna visit
> JERRY's door is slightly ajar
> TELESTE's has old timey grain flickering on the doorknob
> actually, let's check out the FOYER
>>
No. 817591 ID: be0718

Go in Teleste's room to turn in our quest!
>>
No. 817592 ID: 3abd97

>>817556
>>817558
>get a weapon
More immediately, we might want to find a bribe for the Wendigo before we brave the deep forest again.

>>817591
Yeah let's go visit the mime again.
>>
No. 817593 ID: be0718

>>817592
We just made one, actually! How convenient.
>>
No. 817614 ID: ba56e6

>>817586
Actually, let's go to Reginald before Peabody. We need to get something from him to trade for the papers.
>>
No. 817616 ID: ba56e6

>>817591
Also, we haven't actually webbed up the 'bat' yet. So if we got to Teleste we'll want to do that first.
>>
No. 817627 ID: 91ee5f

>>817614
No, we need to go to Peabody first, so that we know what he wants from Reginald.
>>
No. 817631 ID: 91ee5f

>>817586
Hey, wait a minute! Where's that tiny gold star sticker that Toblerone put on Lavender's left cheek? I don't see it!
>>
No. 817635 ID: 241143
File 150077201568.png - (166.13KB , 800x800 , Teleste.png )
817635

> You decide to go to TELESTE's room.

> Upon seeing you, she blinks in surprise, before a wide grin spreads across her face. She does a quick circle around Lavender while seeming to lean back and forth, as though to take in every angle of her. After this elaborate display she stands at attention in front of her, holds up an OK sign, and then signs:

[TELESTE] : {Thicc}
>>
No. 817637 ID: be0718

Present stick. We found your bat for you! It took some searching, but a little (okay a lot of) webbing did the trick!
>>
No. 817639 ID: 3abd97

>[TELESTE] : {Thicc}
Hehe, yes.

How you doing?
>>
No. 817640 ID: 91ee5f

>>817635
Looks like when it comes to talking to a 10/10 in dateability, Teleste isn't as nervous as 8bit was! XD

>{Thicc}
"Yep! Now, I'm softer and more pleasant to hug! You want to give it a try?"
*open arms to receive hug*
>>
No. 817641 ID: 3ce125

>>817635
Glad you like it! Hey, you were asking for an invisible bat, but I made you a visible one instead. Maybe you can use that next time you lose an invisible one?
>>
No. 817644 ID: be0718

>>817641
It's, uh, not a counter-prank if you give the punchline away.
>>
No. 817646 ID: 3ce125

>>817644
Well I don't really understand how giving her a fake invisible bat is a prank when there wasn't a real one to begin with...
>>
No. 817650 ID: e121d3

No real need for a stick, just mime handing her a baseball bat and say you found it for her. Play along with the prank to reverse it.

If you wanted to double down on the prank you could do something like say "gee Teleste you didn't say baseball bat was a euphamism, I guess you didn't want to embarrass yourself or Crackle but did you think I can't tell the difference between a bat and a sex aid even if they're both long and cylindrical? Took me some searching but I knew as soon as I laid hands on it. I mean it's all rubbery and kinda floppy. Anyway here you go" and present her with an invisible dildo. See if that makes her blush.

You'd have to play it right, though. Straight face. Gestures as if you're holding it while talking.
>>
No. 817653 ID: 241143
File 150077452421.png - (166.13KB , 800x800 , Teleste.png )
817653

> Teleste seems to be surprised to be given the stick! After a few moments, they begin to actually look it over, carefully, like a prized possession, measuring it's length, trying to find out the straightness of it by holding it lengthwise to her face, spinning it around in her fingers. The wide grin never seems to leave her face as she looks it over.

[TELESTE] : {Jerry always tells people the joke when Crackle inevitably sends them to him. I'm legit surprised you came back! Thanks for going with the joke! ...And thank you, for the gift.}

> She seems to be sincere.
>>
No. 817660 ID: 91ee5f

>>817653
"Well, I didn't have a reason to not come back. And it was a pretty funny joke!"
>>
No. 817662 ID: be0718

>>817646
>sent on quest for left handed smoke shifter
>expected to search fruitlessly
>comes back with apparent shifter wrapped up
>unwrap to reveal nothing/a stick

...Lavender, you did wrap it, right? You wrapped the thing to look like a bat?

No problem, we had fun going on a quest. Um, flirt flirt small talk small talk. What are some things yoooou've done to spook humans?
>>
No. 817663 ID: 3abd97

If Jerry always tells people the joke, why don't you leave the bat with someone else?

And you're fun, I would have come back even without the favor slash joke.
>>
No. 817678 ID: ba56e6

>>817653
Life'd suck if we didn't know how to take a joke, heh.
>>
No. 817679 ID: f36501

It was a pretty good goof! You had us going there for a minute!

We would have come back regardless though, we like talking with you. /suggestive rancho wiggle
>>
No. 817683 ID: 3ce125

Introduce her to your butt wiggle.
>>
No. 817686 ID: 241143
File 150077956672.png - (166.13KB , 800x800 , Teleste.png )
817686

> The mime makes another giggling motion, covering her mouth and seeming to... well, the way they express it is by sort of curling their arms around themselves, as though trying to pull themselves into a tight ball, while still making that giggling motion. It could best be described as being 'happy-flustered'. Once she does this she waves Lavender off, looking off to the side with a very large, goofy looking grin on her face.

[TELESTE] : {Now you're just being gushy, youuuuu} uvu

> TELESTE has become ENAMOURED.
>>
No. 817692 ID: 91ee5f

>>817686
> TELESTE has become ENAMOURED.
I believe this is officially turning that 10/10 dateability to an 11/10! X3

.....well, we don't need to immediately go to Peabody right now. We can spend some time with Teleste, right guys?

"No, I'm not being gushy, I'm being tickley!"

Tickle Teleste with your soft, fluffy, fuzzy, thicc body!
>>
No. 817694 ID: ba56e6

>>817686
You know how cats rub up against peoples' legs? Do that.
>>
No. 817699 ID: b27cac

Yeah, hang out for a bit.
>>
No. 817700 ID: 3ce125

>>817686
Maybe she can tell you a story about how she dealt with her last intruder?
>>
No. 817701 ID: 241143
File 150078834688.png - (166.13KB , 800x800 , Teleste.png )
817701

> Teleste seems to very willingly accept the cuddling, which she responds to be idly brushing through Lavender's new layer of soft fur with her fingers, the goofy grin closing down to a more relaxed one as she herself also relaxes, becoming easily more limp and noodly.

[TELESTE] : {I suppose I can tell you how I tend to deal with intruders... My hunting tactics are pretty simple! I'm sort of an assassin-y type. I lure people towards where I want them to go by making areas seem more apealing, even despite the tv show grain that seems to accompany me. Lure them in so to speak. Then when they get close, I reach out with my long stretchy arms and swallow 'em alive, like one of those gulper eel things! They, like, slowly turn into ink, And it's also dark and tight, so There's fear of the dark, fear of tight spaces, the sinking feeling of dread accompanied with losing feeling in your limbs, so on. Then when it's done I have a lot of excess ink.}

> She describes this in detail with rapid hand movements, that despite her currently laid back stature seem to be incredibly frantic, almost as though she's sheepish of her hunting style.
>>
No. 817704 ID: ba56e6

"Was it always so easy to do that? I'm still not sure how I came to exist, and this all seems really awful, having to feed on people to live. I don't want to hurt them, but I don't want to die either."
>>
No. 817705 ID: 91ee5f

>>817701
"Wow, that's pretty neat! Hmmm, I kinda wish I knew what I'd do when a human shows up. It'd be my first time and I'm kinda nervous on what I'm supposed to do."
>>
No. 817706 ID: be0718

>>817704
Ugh... Don't start this again. Start thinking like a monster and not a human.

Sounds terrifying! For the human. How do monsters avoid stepping on each others' toes? Where does one's turf end and another's begins?
>>
No. 817715 ID: 7b7ab3

>>817704
This.
>>817706
Don't tell other posters what not to post.
>>
No. 817716 ID: ba56e6

>>817706
Conflict within an individual due to moral and ethical dilemmas is normal, particularly when that individual's course of action is decided upon by a collective of unalike components.
>>
No. 817717 ID: 241143
File 150079047202.png - (166.13KB , 800x800 , Teleste.png )
817717

> Teleste frowns for a moment at the mention of not wanting to hurt others, but then perks up again when Lavender mentions she's a little nervous with her first time feeding.

[TELESTE] : {It depends on you, sweetheart! But Toblerone's rules are always to leave no witnesses. It's... easier for me to take lives, because... Well the alternative is... nasty. I don't want to be responsible for that. There are things worse than death. I was lucky enough to be congregated, like you were! Just enough of some sort of energy in the air to be and take form. ...I feel real bad for Jerry. It's... why he's the butt of my pranks usually. I'm not good at showing affection...}

> Teleste's rapid handsigns peter out after a few moments as she seems to frown, looking down and then twiddling her thumbs, before she perks back up and begins to sign again, changing topics entirely.

[TELESTE] : {Don't worry about territories or turf or anything! It's usually first come first serve, So the monster that gets there first gets the goods. And... don't worry about the humans. If they've stayed longer than the 3 hours Toblerone gives 'em they're usually here to steal, to evade cops, or just sort of dicks in general. You'll be able to tell! It's amazing how telling people are when they think no one is watching.}
>>
No. 817718 ID: ba56e6

>>817717
Affection for Jerry, huh? Trying to make us jealous?
>>
No. 817719 ID: 7b7ab3

Here's another pertinent question: what if hunters show up? Monster hunters. And I don't mean some lackluster nobodies. Real, hardcore, nasty monster hunters.
With all the disappearances this house is responsible for, it's a wonder we haven't drawn that kind of attention already.
>>
No. 817720 ID: ba56e6

>>817719
That is when the kiddie gloves really come off. Once they become a credible threat to the safety of our new friends, they lose any sympathy, and I'm sure most of us can agree on that note.

It is only preying on the weak that doesn't sit well with me. The strong are worthy targets, and all the more satisfying to break.
>>
No. 817722 ID: 4f78c3

>>817717
>There are things worse than death.
Like being a monster?
>>
No. 817725 ID: 3ce125

>>817717
Well that's reassuring. Also, if there's a 3 hour mercy period... that happens to be how long it takes for Lavender's eggs to hatch. Convenient, but only if we get notified immediately when a human shows up.
>>
No. 817726 ID: 91ee5f

>>817717
She's right. Any human we meet, we'll have to kill. We're better off not endangering our new friends by letting a witness get away and/or turning them into a monster and causing a monster creation outbreak that'll eventually attract some government guys to show up and kill all the monsters they can find! Toblerone said that happened twice in the past, let's not be responsible for a 3rd time.

Because if we do cause that to happen, Toblerone might see that as a reason to kick us out of the house or some other punishment that'll never let us see our new friends ever again.

>>817722
Oh, come on. Don't say that, you'll make her feel bad!
>>
No. 817731 ID: 7b7ab3

>>817722
>Like being a monster?
Being a monster.
Pros:
>Freaky powers
Cons:
>Being trapped in one location forever
>Needing the pain and suffering of humans to survive
>Possibly forcing people to go through a horrific, painful transformation into a monster
>Living in constant terror of being discovered
>Knowing there's no escape save death

Yeah, I gotta agree.
>>
No. 817738 ID: be0718

>>817715
Breaking your own rule there, mate.

I can't wait for my first human, Teleste. But I can find ways to spend the time until then. Want to hang out more? I just have a few tasks to finish and I can come right back.
>>
No. 817740 ID: 7b7ab3

>>817738
Personally, I find it infinitely more interesting and fulfilling to study the quandary of an unwilling, conflicted monster. One that's just a sociopathic murder machine is hardly a character at all.
>>
No. 817754 ID: 91ee5f

>>817740
In case you haven't noticed, all of the monsters (except Jerry) are murder machines, but they still have character. I'm sure if they could find a way to live without killing humans, they'd do it.

Also, Teleste frowned when we mentioned not wanting to hurt others. If we want her to still like us, we can't mention not wanting to kill humans, otherwise she's going to stop liking us.

Or, she'll just think that we're willing to let a human turn into a monster, which is even worse than killing a human.

We can do what Jerry does and avoid humans if it makes you happy. But if we end up meeting a human, we've gotta kill them before they turn into a monster.

If you don't like it, then just.....think of it as mercifully killing the human before they turn into a monster.
>>
No. 817755 ID: 91ee5f

>>817738
Also, this.
>>
No. 817759 ID: f36501

We're nervous and more than a little conflicted.

Between meeting Jerry and the Wendigo out in the woods, we don't want to turn anyone else into a monster... but we don't know how we feel about killing yet either. Everything is just so new and we're not sure how it all works yet. Nuzzle Teleste for comfort.
>>
No. 817761 ID: ba56e6

>>817754
>I'm sure if they could find a way to live without killing humans, they'd do it.
Are you sure? Most of them seem rather gung-ho.

>If we want her to still like us, we can't mention not wanting to kill humans, otherwise she's going to stop liking us.
If a little bit of internal conflict and a flare of conscience makes her dislike us, it should be telling.
However, there is no conclusive evidence to that end yet. We brought up a real downer of a topic, and one that suggests we might do something stupid. She responded by giving us friendly advice and telling us how she feels. That's a response that feels more rooted in worry than disgust or aversion.

Rest assured, while my ultimate goal is to find a way to feed without harming the human or making them a monster, I recognize that mistakes will happen and we'll need to clean them up. Having an agenda does not blind one to tactics.
>>
No. 817762 ID: 91ee5f

>>817761
>That's a response that feels more rooted in worry than disgust or aversion.
Oh, really? Shit, I read into her response the wrong way. Sorry about that.
>>
No. 817770 ID: ba56e6

>>817762
You could possibly still be correct, it's just my interpretation. Tone is difficult to read in text.
>>
No. 817781 ID: 241143
File 150082921079.png - (166.13KB , 800x800 , Teleste.png )
817781

> Teleste grows slightly worried as this topic of conversation comes up, and she frowns a bit wider now, very gently rustling her fingers through Lavender's fur.

[TELESTE] : { You're... a little all over the place, huh? ...Just. None of us LIKE what we have to do. It's not an enjoyable process. There's just... Jerry's method is. Very dangerous for both him and the people. It's very...mentally taxing for a human to go through a fear based trauma. Even if everything goes swimmingly for Jerry and they don't see him and he gets to feed properly, He's still put someone through something so horrific they're changed as a person anyway. And when you do slip up, you have to kill them or they turn. It's. It's easier. Mentally. To just get used to the idea of killing them from the start, no matter how taxing it is on you. Because. I-if you don't.... That makes the time when you have to no matter what... it makes it...}

> Teleste's hands becomes shaky, and it becomes hard to understand what she's signing by now. She seems to be staring off into the distance, remembering SOMEthing or other that had occured in the past, and seems less aware of her surroundings.
>>
No. 817789 ID: 91ee5f

>>817781
>It's. It's easier. Mentally. To just get used to the idea of killing them from the start, no matter how taxing it is on you.
Alright, so we have to kill the humans and don't let them escape and/or turn into monsters.

>Because. I-if you don't.... That makes the time when you have to no matter what...it makes it...
>Teleste's hands becomes shaky, and it becomes hard to understand what she's signing by now. She seems to be staring off into the distance, remembering SOMEthing or other that had occured in the past, and seems less aware of her surroundings.
Guys, we're hurting her. We all just have to agree that even though most of us don't like it, killing any humans we run into is the best thing to do for them. Just think of it as mercifully killing them so they don't have to suffer.

Lavender, give Teleste a hug and apologize for upsetting her.
>>
No. 817790 ID: 3ce125

>>817781
Comfort the mime. Ask if you can make it up to her.
>>
No. 817791 ID: 3abd97

>>817781
Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. I didn't think.
>>
No. 817798 ID: 85ec1b

>>817781
Time to change the subject! Hey, did you know we convinced Matilda to evolve? When's the last time you evolved?
>>
No. 817799 ID: 7b7ab3

I see. So it taxes her, too. Her facade of detachment and calm is a survival tactic. If she had to face up to the things she's done and the moral repercussions that come with them, she'd likely snap.
Intriguing.
>>
No. 817808 ID: be0718

Yeah, no kidding you weren't thinking. And really? 'Intriguing'? Toblerone was right.

Nononono Teleste, think warm fuzzy thoughts. Spider hugs are much too involved to keep other thoughts on the mind.
What's the biggest thing you can mime? Does rule of funny apply? Oh, but enough interrogation. Got any ideas for more pranks? We can contribute our mobility, silk and drones to the task. That's invisible tripwires, decoys, and more. Good practice for the real thing, too.
>>
No. 817810 ID: 7b7ab3

>>817808
Yes. Intriguing.
I find the plight of the entire household quite intriguing.
Do you not?
>>
No. 817814 ID: be0718

No more (You)s for you mister. Consider the context in which it happened. You poked an open wound with a stick and then went 'Intriguing.' You're not just appreciating the plight for what it is, you're aggravating the issue to get a reaction from the house. That is objectionable. And that is all I have to say, about that.
>>
No. 817816 ID: d79f26

i agree, being a dick is not kosher.
>>
No. 817823 ID: 91ee5f

>>817816
What does kosher mean? I looked it up and all I got was something about food that satisfies the requirements of Jewish law. I'm pretty sure that's not what you meant.....right?
>>
No. 817824 ID: 241143
File 150084345948.png - (249.68KB , 800x800 , Spookquest31.png )
817824

> Teleste tenses slightly at the touch, before grabbing hold, slightly tightly, and falling back into a lounger situated nearby. As she does so, she ends up pulling Lavender into her lap.

> TELESTE and LAVENDER have a moment.
>>
No. 817826 ID: 91ee5f

>>817824
Awwwww! <:'-)

Let's just stay like this for a little while. We're in no hurry to leave yet.

Also, Teleste's name and Lavender's name are in all caps, while the in moment we had with Jerry, our names were typed out normally. Anyone else think that might mean something?
>>
No. 817827 ID: 3abd97

>>817823
In lay terms, kosher can be used more generally to mean something being correct or right. So by saying something's not kosher, that's similar to saying something is not cool, it's inappropriate, it's wrong, etc.

It makes sense if you think about it as the original usage describing if something were right or wrong in a specific context.
>>
No. 817831 ID: be0718

>>817826
It's probably nothing...

I wish there was more we could do to turn that frown upside down. But I also kind of want to bury Lavender's head in Teleste's chest. Techeste.
>>
No. 817838 ID: 7b7ab3

>>817824
That's adorable, but also very sad.
Maybe a little, spidery kiss will help.
>>
No. 817846 ID: 241143
File 150084653812.png - (215.97KB , 800x800 , Spookquest32.png )
817846

> After the bit of relaxtation, Teleste says she needs a bit of time to herself, to rest and recover. She's not fond of the relapsing... She shuffles you out after planting a kiss on your cheek.

> You are back in the Hallway.

> REGINALD can be heard practicing through the moldy trapdoor
> the door to VICTORIA's room is well kept and clear of any unwanted grime.
> PEABODY sounds like they're teaching the rats to sing!
> there is a WEIRD SYMBOL where the submarine hatch used to be
> DAISY probably hasn't moved from her spot if you wanna visit
> JERRY's door is slightly ajar
> Teleste is recovering.
> actually, let's check out the FOYER
>>
No. 817847 ID: be0718

Peabody's door. Mind the rats.
>>
No. 817857 ID: 91ee5f

>>817846
>She shuffles you out after planting a kiss on your cheek.
>Lavender is blushing.
Awww, how sweet!

>>817847
Yes, let's go turn these Violets into some dye and ask what Peabody wants from Reginald in exchange for that special note that tells us how Labender can enter the secret area!

Let's do it quickly before we run into anymore distrac-
>JERRY's door is slightly ajar.
.....maaaaybe it's nothing?
>>
No. 817859 ID: 91ee5f

>>817857
Damnit! I meant Lavender, not Labender! >_<;;
>>
No. 817861 ID: f36501

Can we see our metadata real quick?I wanna see if any of our likes/dislikes and things have changed at all.

And then yep, to Peabody!
>>
No. 817874 ID: 241143
File 150085127133.png - (120.43KB , 800x800 , Peabody.png )
817874

> Realizing that Lavender has no way to check her own Metadata without someone else telling it to her, she decides to head to Peabody.

[PEABODY] : Hello hello! I presume you are here for the note. I also presume that Toblerone has told you the rules of the deals, hm?
>>
No. 817876 ID: 3abd97

>>817874
He said something about just grabbing it from you, but that doesn't sound very nice, or much fun.
>>
No. 817877 ID: 91ee5f

>>817874
"Yes, he did. So what did you want me to get from Reginald?"

Let's do this! And after we give him what he wants, we can ask him about helping us make some dye!
>>
No. 817882 ID: 241143
File 150085359454.png - (120.43KB , 800x800 , Peabody.png )
817882

[PEABODY] : So they DID tell you! Excellent, excellent. Normally I wouldn't go through this little song and dance that toblerone is so INSISTENT upon but I do terribly need some Miracle Extract from Reginald, and he's particularly selfish. He won't give anything over unless it's by Toblerone's orders, so I found a loophole, you know? Get it for me would you?
>>
No. 817883 ID: 3abd97

>>817882
Certainly. What were you planning to do with it? You must have something good planned.
>>
No. 817884 ID: be0718

We'll find a way. And I may have just the thing for it... Okay bye Peabody, see you soon! Next stop: Matilda, to check on those eggs.
>>
No. 817886 ID: 3ce125

>>817882
And the dye?
>>
No. 817889 ID: 91ee5f

>>817882
Sure thing! Let's go to Reginald!

>>817886
We can ask about that after we get Peabody the Miracle Extract he wants. We do something for him, he'll do something for us!
>>
No. 817892 ID: ba56e6

>>817884
Is the solution blowjobs?
No, wait, wrong quest.

Is the solution having a drone steal it while we distract him?
>>
No. 817896 ID: 91ee5f

>>817892
There's no need for that! This is the loophole that Peabody is talking about!

Reginald won't give up the Miracle Extract unless Toblerone tells him to. Since we're on a mission from Toblerone to get something for Peabody, Reginald should hand over the Miracle Extract because technically Toblerone is giving an order for Reginald to hand it over to Lavender to give to Peabody!
>>
No. 817908 ID: 241143
File 150086139749.png - (215.85KB , 800x800 , Spookquest33.png )
817908

> You reenter the HALLWAY after a brief discussion with Peabody.

> REGINALD can be heard practicing through the moldy trapdoor
> the door to VICTORIA's room is well kept and clear of any unwanted grime.
> PEABODY sounds like they're teaching the rats to sing!
> there is a WEIRD SYMBOL where the submarine hatch used to be
> DAISY probably hasn't moved from her spot if you wanna visit
> JERRY's door is slightly ajar
> Teleste is recovering.
> actually, let's check out the FOYER
>>
No. 817909 ID: 3ce125

>>817908
Let's ask Reginald what he wants for the trade.
>>
No. 817913 ID: 91ee5f

>>817908
Let's go see Reginald!
>>
No. 817915 ID: be0718

Check EGG TIMER. Are they ready yet?
>>
No. 817917 ID: 3abd97

Knock on Reginald's door before entering, we found out last time he doesn't like to be surprised.
>>
No. 817922 ID: ba56e6

>>817917
This.
>>
No. 817928 ID: 241143
File 150086424858.png - (96.34KB , 800x800 , Reginald.png )
817928

> You knock before entering Reginald's room. It seems that the place has... grown, and then been sheered down into an entirely new room. It seems to be designed almost like a phantom of the opera-esq organ room, complete with a massive pipe organ made of multiple very tiny fruiting bodies.

[REGINALD] : At least you knocked. What is it?
>>
No. 817931 ID: 91ee5f

>>817928
Tell him that Peabody wanted us to come and get some Miracle Extract for him. Then explain that it was Toblerone's idea to give Peabody something so that you could get something from Peabody.
>>
No. 817933 ID: 33eec1

>>817928
We need MIRACLE EXTRACT for Peabody. What do you want for it, we're on so many errands right now.
>>
No. 817936 ID: 241143
File 150086538134.png - (96.34KB , 800x800 , Reginald.png )
817936

> Reginald seems slightly annoyed. They drum their fingers against their arm, before moving towards the large pipe organ, and begins to play a few notes. In the center of the room, after the organ gives off it's low, bassy tunes, a small, singular shriveled mushroom begins to sprout, growing rapidly in size before whithering and turning almost to dust, frail and barely held together. Reginald walks over to it and plucks it, huffing slightly.

[REGINALD] : Should have known Peabody would take advantage of this. If you know what's good for you, you'll make sure he doesn't USE it in anything. It's incredibly potent.

> Obtained MIRACLE EXTRACT
>>
No. 817938 ID: 241143

> SKIP TRADING?

[Y/N]

> Note, this will fast forward you back to the Foyer after you have traded everything for the curious paper.
>>
No. 817940 ID: 33eec1

>>817938
Sure, why not?
>>
No. 817941 ID: be0718

[N]
We still have to ask Peabody about that dye! One spider-step at a time.
>>
No. 817942 ID: 33eec1

>>817940
Actually...we should PROBABLY make sure Peabody isn't using it for a potion.
>>
No. 817943 ID: 33eec1

>>817941
And this too.
>>
No. 817944 ID: 3ce125

>>817938
N.
>>
No. 817951 ID: 241143
File 150086695304.png - (215.51KB , 800x800 , Spookquest34.png )
817951

> You return to the HALLWAY, Miracle Extract in paw

> REGINALD can be heard practicing through the moldy trapdoor
> the door to VICTORIA's room is well kept and clear of any unwanted grime.
> PEABODY sounds like they're teaching the rats to sing!
> there is a WEIRD SYMBOL where the submarine hatch used to be
> DAISY probably hasn't moved from her spot if you wanna visit
> JERRY's door is slightly ajar
> Teleste is recovering.
> actually, let's check out the FOYER
>>
No. 817953 ID: 91ee5f

>>817951
Time to go to Peabody!
>>
No. 817954 ID: be0718

Is Peabody having any luck with those rats?
>>
No. 817961 ID: ba56e6

>>817953
Yup
>>
No. 817990 ID: 91ee5f

>>817951
Wait, I don't see that tiny gold star sticker that Toblerone put on Lavender's left cheek! This picture is showing Lavender's left cheek and it's missing! I hope it didn't fall off!
>>
No. 817993 ID: 33eec1

>>817990
Clearly it either already did or Lavender put it somewhere else. That or the artist just doesn't wanna put it on.
>>
No. 818001 ID: ba56e6

>>817990
She thought it was candy and ate it.
>>
No. 818011 ID: 33eec1

>>818001
This.
>>
No. 818057 ID: 241143
File 150091113010.png - (120.43KB , 800x800 , Peabody.png )
818057

> Lavender returns to Peabody who, in the time she had been gone, had begun to stirr multiple odd looking ingredients into a massive cauldron, lit delicately underneath by curiously greenish flames that caused the smoke to smell almost sour. The rats turn to look at Lavender as she enters.

[PEABODY] : Ah, have you got it? The ingredient I need?
>>
No. 818062 ID: ba56e6

>>818057
Here you go.

He said it's incredibly potent though, so if it's all the same I'd like to be gone when you try whatever you're doing. You do you man, but I don't wanna blow up.
>>
No. 818071 ID: 3d2d5f

>>818057
I have it. Regi asked that I request you not use it in anything, as it's incredibly potent.

(It's polite to pass on the warning as asked, even if we know he's going to disregard it).
>>
No. 818074 ID: 91ee5f

>>818057
"Yes, I've got it. However, Reginald said that you shouldn't actually USE it in anything because it's incredibly potent!"

"Also, I sorta had a personal favor I wanted. Could you turn these Violets into some dye? I'll come back later if it's going to take a while to make."

Give Peabody the Miracle Extract and, if he'll make the dye, the Violets and get Special Note from him.
>>
No. 818093 ID: 3ce125

>>818057
Uh are you sure this is a good idea?
>>
No. 818109 ID: 1ce34b

Peabody, we're gonna give you the thing, but both Reginald and ourselves humbly request that you not blow up the friggin' house.
At least not until we've cleared the blast radius.
>>
No. 818208 ID: 241143
File 150095091607.png - (120.43KB , 800x800 , Peabody.png )
818208

> Peabody takes the Miracle Extract and places it delicately in a jar.

[PEABODY] : Does Regi think I'm a Looney!? Miracle Extract is so potent I can just soak it in alcohol, and use the booze to get the desired effect! I'm not going to throw the thing right into the pot! I have no suicide wish.

> Reginald hands over the UNIQUE NOTE, which is in a language Lavender can't understand, but seems to... click with, very intently. She can't read it, but she can feel it.

> Peabody begins to brew the Violet Petals, and the creation of dye is under way.

[PEABODY] : Come back in a while, however long that is, and the Dye will be ready.
>>
No. 818211 ID: 1ce34b

Who could read the note? Toblerone?
>>
No. 818219 ID: be0718

Thanks Peabody!

Maybe you just don't know how to read. You're only a few hours old, after all! Peabody's got books... ehh, but maybe somebody else has books that are actually legible. Matilda can see lots of things. Maybe she could help.
>>
No. 818231 ID: 91ee5f

>>818208
"Thank you, Peabody!"

>She can't read it, but she can feel it.
This makes me think it's written in Braille, but I could be wrong.

>>818211
That's a good idea, but this is his puzzle and I don't think he's going to give away the answer.

I'm thinking either we take it to the painting in the LOUNGE and then the note will suddenly become readable or we need to ask someone to translate it.

And if it's a translation we need, then I say we go ask 8bit for help! He's got access to the internet so he should be able to look up translations for the note!
>>
No. 818235 ID: 33eec1

>>818231
I say this. Also we need to lewdly tease him again, because that's always fun.
>>
No. 818236 ID: 33eec1

>>818235
Oh and if Teleste ever finds out and she feels betrayed and asks why, we say "Because his reactions are hilarious. That's all."
>>
No. 818240 ID: 91ee5f

>>818236
Or we could just say, "I like both of you!"
>>
No. 818249 ID: 3ce125

>>818208
Back to the hallway, then.
>>
No. 818256 ID: ba56e6

>>818208
Thanks, P-boss. Sorry we doubted your expertise.

Maybe instead of trying to translate the note, Lavender should just closer her eyes and let it 'lead' her? Follow her intuition and the feeling it's giving off?
>>
No. 818297 ID: 33eec1

>>818208
On a SIDE note, so that we have the time to think about it, what should Lavender's room be. I vote a rather spacious Throne-like room since she's a Queen Spider and all, with perhaps some lovely webbing Chandeliers and Tapestries, and lots of webbing coating the walls like wallpaper.
>>
No. 818374 ID: 241143
File 150103164794.png - (216.47KB , 800x800 , Spookquest35.png )
818374

> You return to the HALLWAY, mysterious note in hand. It's... less a note and more a floating sigil, really...

> REGINALD can be heard practicing through the moldy trapdoor
> the door to VICTORIA's room is well kept and clear of any unwanted grime.
> PEABODY sounds like they're teaching the rats to sing!
> there is a WEIRD SYMBOL where the submarine hatch used to be
> DAISY probably hasn't moved from her spot if you wanna visit
> JERRY's door is slightly ajar
> Teleste is recovering.
> actually, let's check out the FOYER
>>
No. 818377 ID: be0718

>goto LOUNGE
>>
No. 818378 ID: 91ee5f

>>818374
Huh, now that I see it, it looks like if we stand at a distance from the painting in the LOUNGE and then hold the note up, some of the lines on the note might match up with the design of the painting! .....maybe.

I guess we could go ask Toblerone how to use the note. Or we could go to the LOUNGE to try and figure it out ourselves.

I say we try and figure it out ourselves first!
>>
No. 818380 ID: e50815

>>818374
Teleste is still recovering? She must have been pretty upset.
To the lounge, I suppose.
>>
No. 818387 ID: 241143
File 150103446392.png - (301.10KB , 800x800 , Spookquest36.png )
818387

> You are in the LOUNGE

> CRACKLE will probably chat if you mess with the TV a little.
> 8BIT is still busy working on some sort of weird device.
> the little whispers of MATILDA gossiping are easily heard
> the PAINTING seems ominous
>>
No. 818390 ID: 91ee5f

>>818387
>the PAINTING seems ominous
That's new! Let's take a look at it!
>>
No. 818392 ID: 33eec1

>>818387
LOOK AT THE PAINTING NOW! Please.
>>
No. 818394 ID: be0718

Test aerodynamic properties of sigil by throwing it at the PAINTING.
>>
No. 818395 ID: e50815

> the PAINTING seems ominous
LET'S STICK OUR FACE RIGHT IN IT
>>
No. 818397 ID: 241143
File 150103611585.png - (73.75KB , 800x800 , Painting.png )
818397

> The PAINTING behind the couch seems to be oddly... large, and open. There's a slight breeze coming from it, somehow, but touching it reveals it to be paint. If this is a portal, Lavender doesn't know how... The sigil seems to be REACTING to the painting in some way, but Lavender isn't sure what to do with it.
>>
No. 818400 ID: 91ee5f

>>818397
Hold the sigil up to the painting and keep turning it around until the lines on the sigil match up with the dark grey lines on the painting!
>>
No. 818411 ID: be0718

Try saying 'Open sesame'.
>>
No. 818434 ID: ba56e6

>>818397
Do a little dance.
>>
No. 818442 ID: 3ce125

>>818397
Try reading the note again?
>>
No. 818443 ID: 241143
File 150104346633.png - (301.10KB , 800x800 , Spookquest36.png )
818443

> Lavender tries all of these things, and none of them work! Realizing she doesn't actually know how to utilize the mysterious sigil properly, she relents back to the lounge.

> CRACKLE will probably chat if you mess with the TV a little.