[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 818827)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 150117010985.png - (673.19KB , 1212x826 , TItle Card.png )
818827 No. 818827 ID: 8a947d

Distant stars, come in black or red.
I've seen their worlds, inside my head.
They connect, with the fall of man.
They breathe you in, and dive as deep as they can.
There's nothing you can do for them, they are the force between
When the sunlight is arising.
There's nothing you can say to him, he is without a heart
And the space has been broken.


Wiki: https://tgchan.org/wiki/D3Quest
Expand all images
>>
No. 818828 ID: 8a947d
File 150117039893.png - (243.76KB , 1212x826 , Arrival 1.png )
818828

Ender port.

Light Church influence and a great view, a nice reminder that a few spots in the world still have some light left in them. You and you companions walk up to the small town from the train station.

You:...So then I let them go, probably should've asked how they knew we were there but we'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Troy: You sure lettin' those two leave alive was such a good idea ?

You: I had a chance to end it peacefully, if they do come around again we'll just feed 'em to Issei.

Issei: i'm not a garbage disposal for everyone that tries to kill you.

Before you reach Ender Port a red raven flies down from the sky and towards you...
>>
No. 818829 ID: 8a947d
File 150117091037.png - (353.86KB , 1212x826 , Arrival 2.png )
818829

Troy: What's that ?

You: It's a Blood Raven. The Pagans use them like messengers, look this one has something strapped to its leg.

You take the piece of paper and unfurl it. It's a note from Flint, the head summoner in New Olmec.

Yo Gallows.

If you're getting this it means you've reached Ender Port all right, a beautiful place to stop by. Next you're going to want to catch a boat to Ebony Port, I don't have anything planned for you but I'm sure you'll think of something.

Look at your map if you need to know where to go, but before you do anything check around the Warehouse on the otherside of town.

Flint

>>
No. 818831 ID: 91ee5f

>>818828
>I'm not a garbage disposal for everyone that tries to kill you.
"Well, I meant if you're hungry and you wanted to eat them, we'd feed them to you. I wasn't gonna shove 'em down your throat or anything!"

".....besides, I thought you'd be up for that. Hasn't it been a while since you ate anyone rotten? You can't survive off only strawberries, right?"

>>818829
I guess we're going to the other side of town to check the area around the Warehouse.
>>
No. 818851 ID: eb8347

To the warehouse! Let's go meet some other pagans
>>
No. 818854 ID: 9876c4

Issei, we're not intentionally exploiting your digestive system by making you eat garbage people. It's just that a lot of people who want me dead are also really, really bad.

Really, we're concerned about your nutrition, and that's part of why mercy is at least a footnote in our playbook.

Also, those were the best strawberries they had.
>>
No. 818855 ID: 3583d1

Issei we are just wanting to make sure all of your nutritional needs are met. Maybe if we can we'll find some run down shitty tavern and you can have a go at the most rotten dude there.

Alright to the warehouse! and then maybe the waygate. Also we should head to the harbor to see about getting passage on a boat
>>
No. 818910 ID: 8a947d
File 150120340621.png - (291.42KB , 1212x826 , Warehouse.png )
818910

You trek across town to the warehouse on the otherside.

The front door is chained shut.

Troy: Well...Now what ?
>>
No. 818913 ID: 8a947d
File 150120363153.png - (180.34KB , 1212x826 , Warehouse 2.png )
818913

You look around the otherside of the warehouse for any other openings when you see a red graffiti marking on one of the walls. Its a Pagan Mark used to tell pagans messages, this one signals that there supplies somewhere further left of the building.

After a little more walking you find a piece of metal sticking out from a hole in the ground..
>>
No. 818916 ID: 8a947d
File 150120397293.png - (139.03KB , 863x599 , Care Package.png )
818916

You dig up a small box from the ground. Inside there are 2 Summon Packs: one for a Demon Flagellum and one for a Serpentine Vanguard.
Along with the Summon Packs you find a small key that seem's to fit the chain lock on the front door of the warehouse.

You unlock the chains and step inside the warehouse, there's nothing but rubble and old trash littered around the place.

Troy: Gallows, There's something over here!

You head towards Troy and find a Waystone hidden behind a hunk of old machinery. You slot your Waykey into the stone lighting it up.

Do you want to head back anywhere else before you leave for a boat ?
>>
No. 818921 ID: 45db1c

>>818916
Let's try making some summon packs of our own. Just in case we need to summon in combat.
>>
No. 818929 ID: 90f3c0

Get to the boat.
>>
No. 818933 ID: 91ee5f

>>818916
>Do you want to head back anywhere else before you leave for a boat?
Let's look around town and see what's being sold in the shops. Who knows? You might find another spell, like that one time you found the spell for Stun Spike in Ada's shop. And that spell has been a literal lifesaver!
>>
No. 818967 ID: 8a947d
File 150121989203.png - (346.24KB , 1212x826 , Ender Port 1.png )
818967

>>818933
>>818921

There are several shops in Ender Port that could be useful to you. From what you see most of the shops are fish based along with a few shops that sell trinkets baubles.

There are three places that you think could be useful.

The Meat Market here is mostly fish but there are a few places selling some beef or other "exotic" meats.

The Trinkets Booth has plenty of odds and ends that you could use for summoning, plus some other oddities.

A Bar is always a good place to relax in, plenty of people with plenty of complaints and problems. Maybe you can hear some news or buy a drink.

You have 275G to spend
>>
No. 818972 ID: 91ee5f

>>818967
Let's go to The Trinkets Booth!
>>
No. 818983 ID: 3f4dae

>Blood Raven
You sure it didn't steal anything from you? Or look particularly bold and foolish?
>>
No. 818993 ID: 8a947d
File 150122642192.png - (260.99KB , 1212x826 , Trinket Booth 1.png )
818993

>>818983
You don't think so, the Pagan's blood ravens are very well trained and almost never steal anything from their message targets. They do steal things from other people though.

>Trinket Booth
You walk up to the booth, a man draped in heavy clothing and a wide brimmed hat mans the front. You can't see his face with his scarf in the way and hat in the way. The plaque on his desk says "Andre"

Andre: Hmm...What want ?

From his stock a few things catch your eye. You currently have 275G

Seaside Bracelet(50G): A small bracelet made of sea-glass and shells. Would make a nice gift to someone

Hand Mirror(25G)

Whalebone Charm(50G): A circular talisman carved from the bone of a whale, it's supposed to bring good luck to fishermen.

Water-stained Page(100G): A little stained but still legible, its written in pagan code.

Amethyst Necklace(25G): A small prism of amethyst held on a small string.
>>
No. 818996 ID: 094652

rolled 11 = 11

This guy looks like a grey marketer. Ask him if he has any... cheaper scrap. Like broken merchandise or uncut jewel shards.

Rolling for persuasion check.
>>
No. 819007 ID: 90f3c0

You absolutely need to buy that page.

What summoning ingredients do you currently have? Check inventory.
>>
No. 819009 ID: 3ce125

Buy a mirror! Also definitely the page and the amethyst. Wait how does he have that page without the church coming down on him?
>>
No. 819028 ID: 8a947d
File 150124217072.png - (260.99KB , 1212x826 , Trinket Booth 1.png )
819028

>>819007
>>819009

You Buy the Mirror, Page, and Amethyst for 150G leaving you at 125G

Inventory:
-3 Amethyst Shards
-Clear Crystal
-Dead Fly
-Dead Cockroach
-Feather Pack
-Flask
-8 Pieces of Paper
-Tent
-Lantern

>>818996
That's 11 plus 7 from CHARM and 2 from [Speech 1] = 20

You: You wouldn't happen to have any cheaper materials would you ? Maybe some broken merchandise or uncut jewel shards ?

Andre stands there for a moment, you can't tell if he's staring at you or not. Suddenly he moves around to the back of his booth. You hear the sound of boxes being moved and junk being rummaged through. Andre comes back out with a box of extra stuff for you.

Andre: No one buy these things. Worthless, very low price.

He empties the box out onto the table.

Scrap Metal(2G Each): A large chunk of metal from some unknown source. Very dull, 2 in total

Impure Rubies(5G each): Small ruby shards. Ugly, discolored, and misshapen but fine for summoning, 3 in total.

Cracked Monoscope(10G): A tiny handheld scope, cracked but functional.

Weird Spare Part(15G): You don't know what it is, but it look's important.
>>
No. 819030 ID: 843980

I say take them all.
>>
No. 819033 ID: b27cac

Take everything but the monoscope.
>>
No. 819051 ID: 8d4593

buy it all
>>
No. 819053 ID: 91ee5f

>>819028
>Weird Spare Part(15G): You don't know what it is, but it look's important.
Ada said she was looking for a certain spare part that has been giving her some difficulty to find called A Compensation Drive. The odds of this Weird Spare Part being what she's looking for are low, but we might get lucky and this is what she's looking for. I say it's worth a shot, so let's buy it.

.....also, we don't have to catch the boat that's leaving to Ebony Port today. So, I think we should spend some time here in Ender Port and find ways to earn some money.
>>
No. 819125 ID: 8a947d
File 150128241330.png - (260.99KB , 1212x826 , Trinket Booth 1.png )
819125

You buy up all of the junk he brought out for 44G, leaving you with 81G.

That seem's like all you have to do here, unless you'd like to try to talk to Andre more ?
>>
No. 819127 ID: 90f3c0

Stop by the meat market next. you can probably pick up some unwanted bone, teeth, and viscera for next to nothing.

Also grab a couple of sticks off the ground along the way, and burn one of them. So we have the ingredients for the Pyre.
>>
No. 819135 ID: 91ee5f

Look for ways to earn some money, we're dangerously low on funds!

>>819127
Let's not waste anymore money on summoning things! We need to save it for food so we don't die from starvation!
>>
No. 819140 ID: 8ff939

Does Issei has enough strawberries? If not we probably should find some.

And I say we check for food first, then for extra summoning stuff... Also Do Troy or Issei would like to buy something for themselves or they are fine?

I also think we should stick around a little bit and search for jobs, unless we are in a hurry.
>>
No. 819151 ID: 3ce125

Ask Andre where he's from.
>>
No. 819191 ID: 8a947d
File 150129723681.png - (260.99KB , 1212x826 , Trinket Booth 1.png )
819191

>>819151
Andre doesn't seem like he's a big talker, but you could give it a try.

You: So...Where ya from Andre ?

Andre: Far.

You:...

Looks like that's all you're getting out of him about that.

You: Uhh ... are there any places that have any jobs need doing ?

Andre:... Bar need help with pest problem. Not much else going on in town.

Look's like there might be something at the bar, but for know you're heading for the Butcher's
>>
No. 819194 ID: 8a947d
File 150129784976.png - (325.42KB , 1212x826 , Butchers.png )
819194

You arrive at the Butchers Booth. There's cool air coming from out of the front, probably from the iceboxes and coolers keeping meat cold. The man at the front's got a name tag that reads "Boon".

Boon: Whatcha need stranger ?

Fish Cut(15G)

Beef Cut(15G)

Mystery Fish(???G): There's a large fish wrapped in cloth, there's no price tag on it.

You could probably persuade him into giving you some extra unwanted animal parts (1d20 + 7 from CHARM and 2 from [Speech 1] Success = 20)
>>
No. 819220 ID: 90f3c0

rolled 15 = 15

You don't have enough money to waste on meat right now. Ask him about unwanted parts.
>>
No. 819228 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 10 + 9 = 19

Ask if he's got anything that he doesn't want and if you can take it.

Then let's go take care off that pest problem at the Bar!
>>
No. 819236 ID: 3ce125

Ask what's with the fish.
>>
No. 819260 ID: 8a947d
File 150133866009.png - (180.44KB , 745x764 , Mystery Fish.png )
819260

>rolled 15 + 9 = 24

You: Do you have any parts of your animal that you'd normally just throw away ? I need some for...reasons

Boon: Well sure I ain't got much use for 'em, they just end up stinkin' up my booth til the trash man comes round. here

Boon hands you a paper bag full of animal guts, you've got about 2 good handfuls of guts.

>Whats with the fish

You ask about the unmarked wrapped fish.

Boon: Oh this thing ?

Boon picks it up by the tail fin and unwraps it, to your surprise the fish is growing eight spider like legs from its stomach and it's mouth is lined with sharp teeth. It still occasionally kicks and squirms.

Boon: Yeah thought bout sellin' it to some sorta fish specialist or somethin' like that. If you know what it is I could give it to ya.

Try to analyse the fish ? (1d20 + 10 from INTELLIGENCE Success = 25)
>>
No. 819261 ID: 843980

Something straight of Junji Ito's 'Gyo'.
>>
No. 819263 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 12 + 10 = 22

>>819260
>Try to analyse the fish?
Yeah, sure, let's give it a shot.

>>819261
Damnit! You beat me to it!
>>
No. 819268 ID: 7fad5d

rolled 15 + 10 = 25

>>819260
Clearly it's a spiderfish and it does whatever a spiderfish can.
>>
No. 819306 ID: 8a947d
File 150135759953.png - (325.42KB , 1212x826 , Butchers.png )
819306

>rolled 15 + 10 = 25

Looking closer at the fish you notice that it's legs are growing from inside of it's body, like they sprouted out from it's organs. The mouth is split open and the area's around the teeth are torn apart, again as if the teeth grew out rapidly from the mouth. You put your hand over it's side, it's still breathing somehow out of the water.

Boon: Yeeesh! That thing ain't right ain't to be keepin' around this place then. Get that thing outta here.

You got a Mystery Fish. Maybe someone else knows more about than you ?

Unless you plan to buy anything else from the store your next stop is the Bar.
>>
No. 819314 ID: 90f3c0

>still breathing
Maybe carrying around fish infected with a mysterious still living parasite isn't the best idea. If you really want to keep it, at least make sure that thing is wrapped up tight.


There's nothing else we need to buy, get going to the bar.
>>
No. 819362 ID: 8a947d
File 150136946090.png - (350.00KB , 1212x826 , Bar 1.png )
819362

>>819314
Sure maybe keeping it with you might not be the smartest idea, but you're really curious about what it is.

You and your friends walk into the Water-Logged Bar. It looks like a slow day, the lights are low and one or two tables are filled. An old record play's in the back filling the bar with music

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/472999

The three of you sit at the front bar and talk to the Barkeep, her torn nametag reads in cat-scratch "Martha"

Martha: Welcome boys, what can I do for you three ?

Troy: Gallows, I know we got stuff to do but d'you think we can order some drinks before we get to workin' on anythin' ?
>>
No. 819368 ID: 094652

Three beers and a strawberry milkshake, please.
>>
No. 819371 ID: 90f3c0

Order drinks, then ask about the pest job.
>>
No. 819372 ID: 8a947d
File 150137308928.png - (350.00KB , 1212x826 , Bar 1.png )
819372

>Three beers and a strawberry milkshake, please.

You tell Troy to make the order and he gets you your drinks and pays for em. You take your beverages and...wait.

You: Troy...did you order yourself two beers?

Troy:...I might have.

You: We're gonna try to take a job and you're going to down two beers ?

Troy: Hey! I know my limits, and it's way past two beers.

You: Anyway, Ma'am we're here because we heard that you were having a pest problem ?

Martha: Why yes. There's been a problem with some critters chewin' on the wires and eatin' up ingredients from the back. I've never gotten to see 'em but they're buggin' the hell outta me.

Martha: They only come out at nighttime but if you can deal with 'em I'll pay ya.
>>
No. 819381 ID: 3ce125

>>819372
Sure, let's do it.

I bet his has something to do with that fish.
>>
No. 819384 ID: ceb9a4

Did they appear recently, or have they have been here for some time?

We probably should take a look at what they have done, if she wants to show us so we can try to get an idea of how big they could be.
>>
No. 819387 ID: ceb9a4

>>819384
And before I forget again... Shouldn't we read that we got from the trader?
>>
No. 819393 ID: ceb9a4

>>819387
*page
>>
No. 819405 ID: 91ee5f

>>819387
>>819393
>Read the Water-stained Page before we forget again.
Damnit! I forgot about that too! Let's read it!
>>
No. 819408 ID: 8a947d
File 150138114467.png - (124.27KB , 870x807 , Summon's Page.png )
819408

You remember the page you bought from Andre, you unfold underneath the counter and read it. They're summon signs and ingredients for a few Demons.

Gelatinous Cube: 3 Pieces of Dead Meat, Acidic Substance, Something Made of Bone.

Volatile Deviant: 1 Sulfur, 1 Saltpeter, 1 Charcoal, Something Made of Iron.

>>819381
Makes sense, no way this fish is just a convenient oddity.

>>819384
You: How bad was the damage they caused ? Can you tell how big they were from it ?

Martha: It's different from time to time, sometimes there just a few bits taken from some fruit or vegetables and other times whole crates have been smashed open and pipes had been broken off of the walls.

Martha:...but I never find any paw prints or traces of anythin' come mornin'

Unless you have anything else to do you'd better come back later at night.
>>
No. 819433 ID: 3ce125

>>819408
How acidic does something have to be to count as acidic? Would lemon juice work? Orange juice? Soda?
>>
No. 819435 ID: 91ee5f

>>819408
From what she's describing, it sounds like there's probably a nest of these things somewhere. Fending off the pests won't cut it, we'll have to find the nest and exterminate them at the source in order to have a more permanent solution!

>Unless you have anything else to do you'd better come back later at night.
Nope, nothing else to do.
>>
No. 819437 ID: 094652

>Gelatinous Cube
Nice, you're summoning a fancy restaurant's marbled fat to eat your enemies.

>Volatile Deviant
Wait, isn't this just inscribing your bullets so they can summon demons? Doesn't take a genius to get this creative. What a ripoff.

Some animals will gauge their level of destruction based on how much noise there is, so you'll need to lay down some silent traps and let the vermin have it.
>>
No. 819440 ID: 8d4593

>>819437
More like muskets. The summoning recipe is basically black powder and iron. Bullets are smokeless powder and lead. Smokeless powder is generally some sort of nitrated glycerine and cellulose.
That's not to say we can't have special bullets made. It would be neat to have a gun that shoots demons.
>>
No. 819442 ID: 91ee5f

>>819440
>It would be neat to have a gun that shoots demons.
I don't see that working.

I think either the demon will be comically stuck in the gun, with only it's head sticking out or the gun gets destroyed from a demon appearing inside of it.
>>
No. 819477 ID: 43c1be

Well, Maybe Issei would want to hunt around for rotten people? I mean, at this rate he could lose practice, and I don't think we will need him for now until night.

As for us, we could ask the Fisherman where did he get that strange fish. If it is related to this problem, that could lead us to their nest.

Also, could we have a quick look of our inventory to see what we have so far?
>>
No. 819482 ID: 8a947d
File 150142909053.png - (346.24KB , 1212x826 , Ender Port 1.png )
819482

>>819433
Acidic in this case really means Caustic, as in some substance that can cause a chemical burn. Now that you think about it that makes more sense than "acidic", you alter the recipe so it makes a little more sense.

Gelatinous Cube: 3 Pieces of Dead Meat, Acidic Caustic Substance, Something Made of Bone.

>>819437
Your bullets aren't made of Iron,en if they were they're too small to draw a summon sigil on. They do have gunpowder in them, there isn't a lot though so if you wanted to get enough to make the summon you'd need to open up 10 of them.

>Gun that shoots demons
It's possible but difficult. First of all you'd need to know how to accurately draw a sigil on a small surface; possibly with the use of special tools, then you would need to have a high amount of focus and summoning prowess to channel the summon from so far away from you as the further away a catalyst is the harder it becomes to summon from it.

>>819477
Issei: it's been sort of hard to find someone in this town, no one really rings as rotten. it'd be easier if we were in Itsdin, that place is full of potential lunch.
>>
No. 819488 ID: 8a947d
File 150143216239.png - (325.42KB , 1212x826 , Butchers.png )
819488

You return to Boon's to ask about where he got the fish.

Boon: Hmm? The fish ? I found it skitterin' around the old aquarium. Church shut the place down after an officer got in an argument with the owner, don't nobody go down there anymore.

You check your inventory real quick...
-Sixshot Pistol (21 Bullets)
-Ivory Repeater (26 Bullets)
-Blue Baroness (3 Bullets)
-Wicked Knife
-Curved Dagger

-Demon Flagellum Summon Pack
-Serpentine Vanguard Summon Pack
-4 Amethyst Shards
-Clear Crystal
-Dead Fly
-Dead Cockroach
-Feather Pack
-Flask
-8 Pieces of Paper
-Tent
-Lantern
-Hand Mirror
-3 Impure Rubies
-2 Scrap Metal
-Weird Spare Part
-Cracked Mono-scope
>>
No. 819490 ID: 91ee5f

>>819488
Hmmm, that makes me think it came from the aquarium and it was shut down because more of those weird fish were found there.

Ask him how long ago the aquarium was shut down? And if it was a while ago, ask why it's still shut down? If the Church got involved, then wouldn't they have fixed what was going on and then reopened the aquarium? It's kinda weird how it sounds like they didn't do anything and left something potentially dangerous there.

Oh well, not the job we signed up for, so let's just focus on eliminating the pests that come to the Bar tonight.
>>
No. 819493 ID: 43c1be

Alright, I think it would be wise to stay away from church territory for now. Last thing we want to do is to give them an excuse to storm this place.

Well, that would be all I think, I say we wait for the night now.
>>
No. 819513 ID: 8a947d
File 150143989386.png - (380.01KB , 1212x826 , Butchers 2.png )
819513

>>819490
You ask more about the aquarium.

Boon: There wan't nothin' official about the place bein' closed down. An officer of the Church Guard got mad at the owner and shut the place down outta spite.

Boon: That was years ago though, and I ain't never seen any ugly fish 'round before. I found that thing this morning.

There's still time to do other things before night, you can always use the Waystone you found in the Warehouse to warp to and from Ender Port. Do you just want to wait for night fall ?
>>
No. 819515 ID: 91ee5f

>>819513
Thanks for the info!

Let's just wait until night.
>>
No. 819563 ID: 43c1be

So it's not forbiden to go to that place, but people just avoid going there?

Even if we can go there, If the church is around I don't know how freely we can move without raising suspicion. I say we wait for night and then investigate any further.
>>
No. 819565 ID: 43c1be

>>819563
Actually, we could warp back to Eat something, if we need. And also ask the gunner back at Istdin if he has seen before the Blue Baroness, and for Issei to hunt too, if he so wishes.
>>
No. 819675 ID: 8a947d
File 150148574958.png - (152.33KB , 1212x826 , Bar Basement 1.png )
819675

You wait in town until night fall, afterwards you head back to The Water-Logged Bar. Martha's locking up the bar.

Martha: Oh good! I was worried you wouldn' show.

Martha: By now those things outta be comin' into the basement.

You: Got it Martha, we'll take care of these pests as quick as possible.
>>
No. 819677 ID: 8a947d
File 150148649324.png - (137.08KB , 1212x826 , Bar Basement 2.png )
819677

You move into the bar and descend into the basement. The entire basement is dark, you try to flip a switch but nothing happens; you look up and notice the cord connected to the switch has been chewed through.
(-5 to PERCEPTION)

You move deeper into the basement. There are some remnants of smashed boxes and broken pipes but it is hard to see anything else. From what you can see there are some holes chewed into the bottom of one of the walls.
>>
No. 819678 ID: 3ce125

Turn on Aether Sight, and for once, leave it on! You're gonna need it to see your enemies in this dark.
>>
No. 819694 ID: 90f3c0

Use Aether Sight, look for signs of the pests.
>>
No. 819696 ID: 843980

Try not to destroy too many things yeah.
>>
No. 819704 ID: 91ee5f

Pull out your Lantern from your inventory and turn it on. Let's not jump straight into using Aether Sight just yet!
>>
No. 819706 ID: 486e87

>>819704
Oh yeah, we have a lantern, lets use that instead. Does it have fuel in it?
>>
No. 819713 ID: 3ce125

>>819704
Oh derp. Yeah.
>>
No. 819735 ID: 8a947d
File 150153486898.png - (218.76KB , 1212x826 , Bar Basement 3.png )
819735

You turn on your lantern to give yourself a little more light. (PERCEPTION penalty removed while lantern is on)

Troy: You light up my life Gallows...Uggh smells like fish down here.

You: If something's been chewing through electric wires then maybe an ice chest full of fish got turned off.

Issei: well it smells disgusting. there are traps set up to catch rodents, but none of them have been tripped. they're place right next to one of these rat holes too.

Troy: Ya think we can get free drinks for this job ?

You: I'd rather have money Troy, we can't destroy a government with whiskey

Troy: Not with that attitude we can't. There are some scratches on the floor over here but i don't know what animal would make these

Issei and Troy have both found something interesting.

Do you want to go to Issei and investigate the rat hole

or Go to Troy and try to identify the scratches on the floor ?
>>
No. 819736 ID: 843980

Scratches always gets us some results. For issei however I would tell him to investigate but don't get too close.
>>
No. 819738 ID: 3ce125

What about that thing skittering on the ceiling?
>>
No. 819739 ID: 91ee5f

>>819735
>Skittering noises.
"Huh? Did anyone else here that?"

>Investigate with Troy or Issei?
Let's go with Troy.

Also, tell Issei to not stick his hand into the hole in the wall because he might get bitten! There's no telling if these things have some kind of disease or something and if Issei gets sick, I'm not sure if the medicine he'll need comes in a strawberry flavor.
>>
No. 819741 ID: 8a947d
File 150153821310.png - (136.32KB , 1212x826 , Bar Basement 4.png )
819741

>>819738
>>819739

You: Wait!... No one else heard that ?

Issei:... i don't hear anything.

Troy: You're creepin' me out Gallows, come look at these scratches man they could be important.

The scratches aren't deep but there are a lot of them and there's blood underneath them, They follow no real pattern but you can see where they lead...
>>
No. 819742 ID: 8a947d
File 150153845350.png - (203.59KB , 1212x826 , Bar Basement 5.png )
819742

The scratches go back to the wall next to the stairs and cover a good part of the wall's surface. You notice that the box below the wall is shaking slightly.

Do you want to try and analyze the scratches to try and figure out what could make them before investigating ? (Roll for Intelligence + 10 [Success = 24] )

Or do you go straight to investigating the box ?
>>
No. 819743 ID: 094652

Aether Sight on the box. These scratches are too confusing to identify.
>>
No. 819744 ID: 3ce125

rolled 2 + 10 = 12

>>819742
It's probably another fish-parasite thing.
>>
No. 819745 ID: 90f3c0

Carefully prod the box.
>>
No. 819746 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 12 + 10 = 22

>>819742
>Analyze scratches?
Might as well give it a shot.

>Scratches leading up the wall.
If it can crawl on the walls, then that would mean that it could also crawl on the ceiling.

Look up!
>>
No. 819747 ID: 3583d1

rolled 9 + 10 = 19

better safe than sorry
>>
No. 819771 ID: 5de046

rolled 16 + 10 = 26

let's see if we can figure it out
>>
No. 819787 ID: 8a947d
File 150155373171.png - (127.15KB , 851x709 , Bar Basement 6.png )
819787

>rolled 16 + 10 = 26

You don't know any animal that would make deep scratches like this, but you remember something else. You take out the Mystery Fish you bought from Boon, it's small but maybe something like it could be the cause of it.

What you know for certain is that no normal animal would make these scratches.
>>
No. 819789 ID: 8a947d
File 150155379135.png - (122.18KB , 851x709 , Bar Basement 7.png )
819789

You: Troy get behind me. If there's something under this be ready.

You go to lift the box...
>>
No. 819793 ID: 8a947d
File 150155421486.png - (127.78KB , 851x709 , Bar Basement 8.png )
819793

You: GAH!

A rat scurries out from under the box and past your feet, it runs into the darkness.

Troy: Ha! Ya can fight monster sandworms but jump at rats.

You: Shut up Troy.

Troy: Well, that's gotta be it then. Just rats in the basement right ? This shouldn't be too hard.

You: No. Those scratches weren't made by rats, the damage done here couldn't have possibly be done by rats. Broken crates and busted pipes are not rat damages.

Troy: Then what are we lookin' for ?
>>
No. 819796 ID: 3ce125

ZOMBIE DOGS WITH KNIVES FOR FEET!
>>
No. 819806 ID: 91ee5f

>>819793
>Then what are we lookin' for?
"Hell if I know. Let's check and see if Issei has found anything."
>>
No. 819812 ID: 8a947d
File 150156026333.png - (242.39KB , 1212x826 , Bar Basement 9.png )
819812

You shrug and the box you're holding opens up as you move.

You: Fuck how am I supposed to know...Knifed legged zombie dogs ?

You: Anyway Issei might have found more than us maybe we should...

Troy:...

You: What?
>>
No. 819815 ID: 3ce125

>>819812
Another parasite, this time in some sort of giant cuttlefish or octopus/cuttlefish hybrid. Don't let it grab you!

Let it stay in its box, I say. Close it, bring it to the guy who used to run the aquarium, find out what the heck is up with it.
>>
No. 819816 ID: 91ee5f

>>819812
Suddenly notice things coming out of the box and make no sudden movements!

".....Troy.....do you think you can, uh, kill this thing without taking off my arm? I'd really appreciate it if you could do that right about now."
>>
No. 819817 ID: fc33ea

OKAY knife legged zombie dogs is stupid, but I'm really at a loss okay??
>>
No. 819818 ID: 91ee5f

>>819815
It's the middle of the night and that guy isn't going to be at his booth selling things now and we don't know where his house is. Plus, it's the middle of the fucking night, he's not gonna be in a question answering mood.

What's wrong with killing it and bringing the thing's body to show him in the morning?
>>
No. 819823 ID: 8a947d
File 150156409014.png - (335.60KB , 1212x826 , Bar Basement 9_2.png )
819823

You: Okay yes, knife legged zombie dogs isn't the smartest thing I've said but I'm drawing a blank here!

Troy:...Gallows?

You: I mean I don't know why it has to be a zombie dog anyway I'm sure an alive dog with knives for legs would be just as.

Troy: ROLAND! THE BOX!
>>
No. 819825 ID: 8a947d
File 150156429994.png - (437.80KB , 1212x826 , Bar Basement 10.png )
819825

Something jumps from the box you were holding and latches onto Troy's face.

Troy: MMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHHH!!!

Issei: what!? what's happening

Troy starts to try to pry the thing off of his face. On closer inspection you realize its a Throttle Fish, but something is very obviously wrong with it.
>>
No. 819828 ID: 80f23f

rolled 15 = 15

Stun spike the fish! STUN SPIKE THE FISH!!!
>>
No. 819833 ID: 3ce125

>>819825
Try to help pry it off. Maybe lure it off with some food?
Chances are it's just an animal reacting to Troy's yelling.

"Issei your tiny cousin over here is invading Troy's personal space!"
>>
No. 819836 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 16 = 16

>>819825
Hit it with the box!

>>819828
It's not called Stun Spike anymore, it's called Stun Claw!
>>
No. 819838 ID: 8a947d
File 150156797375.png - (275.17KB , 1212x826 , Bar Basement 11.png )
819838

>rolled 15 = 15

You blast Stun Claw at the Throttle Fish... but it leaps off and you end up hitting Troy in the face instead. He's out cold...
>>
No. 819839 ID: 8a947d
File 150156819685.png - (161.70KB , 1212x826 , Bar Basement 12.png )
819839

You: Oh shit! Sorry Troy!...Troy?

Troy: Urrrghhhhhh....

You: Umm...Issei?

The Throttle Fish is skittering around the basement, Issei tries to hit it but it moves unnaturally fast. You doubt you'll be able to shot or stab it, but maybe you can do something...

Shoot it! (PERCEPTION + 9)

Stab it! (AGILITY + 7)

Capture it! (STRENGTH + 4)
>>
No. 819841 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 15 + 7 = 22

Dual wield both of your knives and go in for the kill!
>>
No. 819843 ID: 3ce125

rolled 8 + 4 = 12

Lure it with the fish then try to capture it.
>>
No. 819877 ID: 91ee5f

>>819838
I saw that coming a mile away! That's why I tried to hit the thing with the box it jumped out of! So that if it did move, Troy would've just gotten a box to the face, but he'd still be able to help!
>>
No. 819996 ID: 8a947d
File 150163458884.png - (324.81KB , 1104x751 , Bar Basement 13.png )
819996

>rolled 15 + 7 = 22

You lunge at the Throttle Fish with a knife in both hands.
>>
No. 819999 ID: 8a947d
File 150163482546.png - (321.81KB , 988x782 , Bar Basement 14.png )
819999

You land on it and skewer both ends of it's body with a knife, it squirms a little before going totally limp. You pick up the fish with your knives.

Issei: is that all ?

You: Probably, there might be more but I doubt it's just one.
>>
No. 820006 ID: 91ee5f

>>819999
Good news, you now have proof that you're doing the job you were hired to do!

Bad news, this thing looks like the fish you got from Boon, meaning that there are definitely more of them!

Even better news, since Boon found the first fish over by the Aquarium, that means that these things are probably coming from there and you can go take out the nest after getting some rest in the morning.

Even worse news, Aquariums don't only have tiny fish in them and if everything at the Aquarium is like this.....let's hope the people sized fish and larger than that, don't show up tonight!

Just focus on waking Troy up so that he's not getting attacked while you're not watching him!

Also, summon Fiddler Imp, he might know what these are. And even if he doesn't, he can still help out!
>>
No. 820010 ID: 2483f6

good, but no time for victory dance, Check on Troy and make sure he's fine.
>>
No. 820039 ID: 3ce125

>>820006
>there are bigger things like this
GASHUNK GASHUNK

>>819999
Keep looking around. There could be more than one in here. See if you can find where they're entering the basement from, too- the rat holes aren't big enough for them, are they? ...wait a minute, that's a soft-bodied fish. It probably could squeeze through a rat hole.
>>
No. 820042 ID: 91ee5f

>>820039
>GASHUNK GASHUNK
What is that supposed to mean??? I'm so confused???
>>
No. 820044 ID: 3ce125

>>820042
Google it.
>>
No. 820052 ID: 91ee5f

>>820044
Ha! Now I get it!
>>
No. 820060 ID: 8a947d
File 150165396596.png - (253.79KB , 1212x826 , Bar Basement 15.png )
820060

You: Okay, so that guy who runs the butcher shop-

Issei: boon.

You: Yeah! Boon. He said he found the fish he got from somewhere near an old aquarium, So there may be more there.

Issei swoops over to pick up Troy off of the ground, you hear the rat from earlier squeak in pain.

You: Looks like the rat found a trap...

Issei: no he didn't, i picked up the trap from over there when i was looking at it.

Issei holds it out towards you, you walk over to where the rat squeal came from.
>>
No. 820062 ID: 094652

If there is a mutated catfish in 2/2 I will expletive.
>>
No. 820082 ID: 8a947d
File 150168075054.png - (219.44KB , 1212x826 , Bar Basement 16.png )
820082

An infected Dollyfish is chewing on the rat by a couple more boxes. Once it see's you it runs off into a hole in the wall.

You: Yeah, looks like there's more of 'em.

Issei: that one must be headed somewhere. let's investigate the aquarium

Sorry about that delay if anyone noticed, Tgchan just stopped working mid update
>>
No. 820084 ID: b27cac

Keep going. Make sure you've got the materials for a roaming gluttony at hand. I have a feeling you might need it if there's lots of fishies.
>>
No. 820085 ID: b20e5a

I'm all prepared for burning everything if things go wrong.
>>
No. 820090 ID: 91ee5f

>>820082
If we're going to chase after that thing, then we better leave a note for Martha to let her know that we went to the Aquarium because we believe that's where her pests are coming from and we're going to go kill them all at the source by destroying their nest!
>>
No. 820091 ID: 91ee5f

>>820090
Also, don't forget to bring your Lantern with you!
>>
No. 820122 ID: c1d8eb

>>820090
This. Root out the nest and then clear out any that remain.
>>
No. 820150 ID: 8a947d
File 150172598449.png - (329.60KB , 1212x826 , Bar Basement 17.png )
820150

You and Issei head out of the bar and towards the old aquarium.

Martha: What's wrong ?

You: We think we know where your problem's coming from!

Issei: until then wait for us to talk to you again... if we come back.
>>
No. 820154 ID: 8a947d
File 150172629972.png - (202.12KB , 1212x826 , Bar Basement 18.png )
820154

You run down to the shore where the aquarium is built into the side of the rock face.

Troy: Wha...Where are we ?

Issei: the aquarium, gallows shot you in the face with magic and you got knocked out.

You: It seemed like a good idea at the time!

The aquarium is in bad shape. The front door's have been boarded shut but many of windows have been broken and you could easily climb through one.
>>
No. 820161 ID: 3ce125

>>820154
Scope out the place before you go in. See if you can find a good exit route, not just a good entrance.
>>
No. 820163 ID: 91ee5f

Let's summon Fiddler Imp and ask if he knows what's up with the fish you've got.

Even if he doesn't know, he's proven to be good in a fight and his help will be appreciated!
>>
No. 820166 ID: 91ee5f

>>820163
We can also introduce him to Troy and Issei before we go into the Aquarium.
>>
No. 820184 ID: 1ce4e4

Well gentlemen, nothing ventured nothing gained right? But best proceed with caution anyway. And yeah, lets make sure we know a way out first before we proceed.
>>
No. 820221 ID: 8a947d
File 150174509685.png - (162.12KB , 910x790 , Fiddler Imp Summon.png )
820221

>exit routes
You assumed you'd just use the same entrance as the exit, but you guess having another way out would be a good idea. From what you can see there's no alternate way out besides the obvious windows and boarded front door, Issei or Troy could probably break the front door but that would make a lot of noise.

>Fiddler Imp
You play the song and summon Fiddler Imp.

Fiddler: Ay Gal! What are we doin' now huh ? dese ya friends ?

You: Yeah. That's Troy and that's Issei.

Fiddler looks back and forward between the two in silence before whispering to you.

Fiddler: Yo You sure 'bout dese two Gally ? dat tall one's given me da creeps!
>>
No. 820222 ID: 91ee5f

>>820221
>Yo You sure 'bout dese two Gally? Dat tall one's given me da creeps!
"Well, before I even got the sheet music to summon you, they've both saved my ass a few times. So yeah, they're good. And Issei's always like that, just be glad he's on our side."

"Anyways, what do you think about this?" Show him the weird fish. "Is it demonic or maybe voodoo or something else? Because whatever this is, we think there's a whole nest of them in that abandoned Aquarium over there. Think you can lend us a hand if we get into a fight?"
>>
No. 820223 ID: 3ce125

>>820221
Yeah Issei isn't human, good eye.
>>
No. 820254 ID: 843980

So last time when you got forcibly evicted from this plane of existence how did that feel.
>>
No. 820270 ID: dd4df2

>>820254

"Speakin' of - thanks for helpin', Fiddler. I managed to deal with the voodoo users - they ditched out once I smashed their effigies. Implied they had some kind of big plan of their own."

"We're in a place called Ender Port right now. We've taken on a little pest extermination job, but it seems to have turned out to be more serious than we first thought."

"Anyway, now taking bets, fellas: I got ten on it being a 'mommy' parasite spawner in there somewhere - or elsewhere in town."
>>
No. 820289 ID: 761298

It's alright, Issei only eats rotten people, so you are safe. Unless he also eats demons, But I don't think he does that.

Issei, do you smell anyone around here? Priority are persons, but if you smell those things around, it could also be useful.

Also, Sorry for the Friendly fire Troy.
>>
No. 820323 ID: 8a947d
File 150180562234.png - (175.08KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 1.png )
820323

You: Yeah they look pretty sketchy but we can trust 'em.

Troy: Do I look sketchy Gallows ?

You: Nah Troy, a smuggler from shit-hole Itsdin ? You're a beacon of civility.

Troy: Aww you're makin' me blush. Issei d'ya smell anythin' in the place ?

Issei: fish, a lot of fish. i don't know if they're mutated or not but i smell them.

Before you forget you show Fiddler both infected fish corpses and ask him if he knows any thing about them.

Fiddler: Ugh! Da hell is dat ding ? Ain't neva seen nothin' like it an' I neva wanna see one again!

You climb in through one of the windows. The inside of the aquarium is worse than the outside, and now that you are inside you do smell the overwhelming scent of fish. The signs directing to certain areas are scratched and illegible but there are staircases leading higher up in the building and some leading down.
>>
No. 820331 ID: 91ee5f

>>820323
>an' I neva wanna see one again!
"Well, considering the fact that this place might be a nest for a bunch of them, you're gonna end up seeing them again. And they'll also be alive instead of dead."

Ok, this is important: Stay together and don't split up!

Look at the signs very carefully. Even if you can't read them, there might be pictures on the signs that show what aquatic animals they're pointing at.

Usually, the best course of action is to start at the top and work your way to the bottom, so let's go up the stairs.
>>
No. 820332 ID: 3ce125

>>820323
What's that thing on the right, on the floor?
>>
No. 820335 ID: 094652

Secure an escape route. If this viral curse infected the entire supply, you could be looking at a horde of crawling sea-dwellers with some giant whales thrown in. I'd recommend you summon one big demon just to be safe and have it guard the halfway point between you and the exit.
>>
No. 820344 ID: 486e87

Odd 4am tiredness idea, but do you have any rope / string? You could put the still living mutant fish on a leash and see where it tries to go.
>>
No. 820353 ID: 91ee5f

>>820332
I think it's a light fixture that's fallen to the floor.

>>820344
We can't, both of the mutant fish we've got are dead.
>>
No. 820361 ID: 8a947d
File 150182382681.png - (229.76KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 2.png )
820361

You move up the stairs to the top floor. There are small tanks for little fish and sea plants surrounded by little plaques informing the visitors on the dietary habits and other interesting facts about the fish and plants. In the back there's a table covered in boxes labeled with different kinds of food for the different fish, they're all empty. There are scratches and water drop marks all over the floor, besides the water marks are actual pools of water leading from the tanks.

You: This place had a lot of stuff for learning, looks like this room was for helping children learn more about fish.

Troy: Of course the Church closed this place down for a stupid reason, a fun little place for kids to learn get's shut down 'cus a Church Officer got a bit pissy over nothin'.

There are other doors leading to other rooms on the upper floor, you can continue to search or stay in the current room to investigate more.
>>
No. 820363 ID: 1ce4e4

>>820361
Best to investigate, if nothing turns up we can explore the lower levels. But let's not split the party, bad things will happen then and we do not want that.
>>
No. 820367 ID: 3ce125

>>820361
What was the reason cited, exactly? I wonder if public perception of the shutdown isn't quite accurate.

Investigate what's left inside the tank. Are there any remnants of eggs or something? Something left over from when the parasites got into the fish?
>>
No. 820379 ID: 91ee5f

>>820361
"You think maybe this place was closed because of these weird looking fish? Because if that's the reason, then apparently the Church is too fucking lazy to come in here and get rid of them!"

Make sure you guys look up every once and a while, so that you can avoid these things literally getting the drop on you.

>>820363
>>820367
These.
>>
No. 820381 ID: 094652

Which means many of these fish were pet by human hands. How many human skin flakes have been invested in their mutation?
>>
No. 820478 ID: 8a947d
File 150188060451.png - (126.21KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 3.png )
820478

>>820363
You stay in the room and try to look for anything else that might help you.

You: Why did was this place closed down again ?

Troy: Boon said there was some sort of argument between the owner and some Church official. Could it have been over these spider fish things ?

You: Probably not, from what I've seen no one's ever seen these fish creatures until today, it probably was just Church-head throwing his weight around.

You: Hey...Why are these tanks still full of water ?

Troy: Its not just left over from when the place shutdown ?

You run your hand through the water...it's pretty clean. You look down and notice still wet pools of water leading from the tank, there are more scratches on the tile besides the water.
>>
No. 820480 ID: 90f3c0

Follow that water trail.
>>
No. 820491 ID: 91ee5f

>>820478
>It's not just left over from when the place shutdown?
"The water would be dirty by now, since the employees ain't being payed to clean the fish tanks anymore. Unless the fish learned how to clean the water by themselves."

>>820480
This.
>>
No. 820498 ID: 8a947d
File 150189111621.png - (209.86KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 4.png )
820498

You: This water's too clean... someone must be keeping it clean and using it.

Troy: You mean there's a person behind all this ?

You: Maybe, but we got a lot more ground to cover.

You follow the water trail and scratches into the next room. Inside there is a film projector and a ruined screen, it looks like this is where they would show films or documentaries about aquatic life. The droplets of water lead into the cabinet that would house the extra reels for the projector, in the corner there is a shelf that was meant to hold books but only 2 or 3 books still remain.

Do you want to open the projector cabinet or Look at the books on the shelf ?
>>
No. 820500 ID: 91ee5f

>>820498
>Do you want to open the projector cabinet or Look at the books on the shelf?
We can look at the books later.

Have Fiddler Imp stand off to the side of the cabinet and everyone else stand directly in front of it with your weapons drawn and prepared to attack anything that jumps out of there. Then on the count of 3, have Fiddler open the cabinet!

If there's nothing in there, then you can look at the books.
>>
No. 820503 ID: d24cff

Grab the books to sell later, then use the film canisters.
>>
No. 820504 ID: 3ce125

Don't attack blindly. The cabinet is big enough to hide a person. There really shouldn't be anything in it otherwise!

Look in the cabinet first tho.
>>
No. 820508 ID: 8a947d
File 150189858974.png - (73.86KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 5.png )
820508

You: Someones gotta open that cabinet...

Troy:...

Issei:...

You...Fiddler, you do it.

Fiddler: WHAT!? why can't-

You: do it.

Fiddler: -but what if-

You: FIDDLER!

Fiddler: FINE!

Fine stands next to the cabinet, his hand on the handle. You, Troy and Issei prepare for whatever comes out.

You: 3...2...1...

Fiddler turns the handle and opens the cabinet...
>>
No. 820509 ID: 8a947d
File 150189949207.png - (615.00KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 6.png )
820509

You don't see anything as thousands of small fish fly from the cabinet and cover your field of view, you're knocked back in surprise. The fish latch onto your body and bite, no matter how many you swat more replace them and continue to gnaw at your flesh. No matter how many times Issei lashes his tentacles he misses almost every hit and gets bogged down with more and more. Troy's Jet Black Icicles can't hit anything either and he ends up firing blindly into the air.

The best you can do is wave your poncho to get them off of you but that doesn't last for long, there doesn't seem to be any sign of them letting up.
>>
No. 820510 ID: 486e87

Why is the cabinet full of fish, let alone flying ones?! We need AoE, can you get a living pyre out? We got rubies, paper might count as wood but if not the cabinet looks wooden, but we're missing something burnt.

Residue from within the lantern, or maybe the film on the projector counts if it got hot enough to char at some point? Although the film might have info on it.
>>
No. 820511 ID: 91ee5f

>>820509
SHIT! FUCK! ASS! TITS! DAMNIT! SON OF A BITCH! OW OW OW! DX

>>820510
Normally, I'd say don't bother summoning anything because it would get swarmed. But in this situation, Living Pyre seems to be the only thing that can get swarmed and it would be a good thing!

Although, I'm worried about the fact that we've got Impure Rubies instead of normal ones.
Let's hope it still works!

>we're missing something burnt.
Our lantern comes with a thing that's meant for lighting a fire in the lantern and we've got paper in our inventory! Let's use these for the something burnt! Then throw in the wooden cabinet and 2 of our Impure Rubies, draw the summon symbol, and hope it works!
>>
No. 820531 ID: 3ce125

Yeah, Pyre should sort this out.
>>
No. 820547 ID: 8a947d
File 150191576378.png - (297.48KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 7.png )
820547

The video cabinet is made of metal...but the shelf holding books is wood! you crawl over through the swarm and break off a plank.

You burn a piece of paper, gather your Impure Rubies and the wood together and prepare to summon...
>>
No. 820548 ID: 8a947d
File 150191591712.png - (554.44KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 8.png )
820548

upon summoning the Living Pyre emits a large flash of heat and flames burning the Fish Flies around you, the Pyre continues around the room getting the rest of the fish immolating them entirely.
>>
No. 820549 ID: 8a947d
File 150191629365.png - (285.27KB , 998x734 , Aquarium 9.png )
820549

You: Well...that sucked.

Issei: well now we know that the fish can fly, that's good information to have.

Fiddler: Dammit, dese dings are fuckin' nasty!

You go over to the shelf holding the books, but two of them have been badly burnt from the fire. You take the only one left, "Introduction to Marine Biology". You remember that Medi ,the librarian in Gudon, requested more books for her business. A shame you only grabbed one.

The next room has nothing in it but empty cupboards and trash bags. That leaves the downstairs area.
>>
No. 820550 ID: 173b46

>>820549
Grab some of those trash bags. We can wrap regents in those to make summon packs.
>>
No. 820553 ID: 91ee5f

>>820548
Sweet! Looks like Impure Rubies still work and they don't make an offshoot like the Gluttonous Arachnid!

Or is it different and we just don't see it yet?

>>820549
"Normally, I'd be excited to eat some fried fish, but these are too burnt for my liking.....and even if they weren't burnt, I wouldn't want to eat these ugly things."

>You go over to the shelf holding the books, but two of them have been badly burnt from the fire. You take the only one left, "Introduction to Marine Biology". You remember that Medi ,the librarian in Gudon, requested more books for her business. A shame you only grabbed one.
Damnit. I wouldve said get the books first, but I was worried that whatever was in the cabinet was gonna sneak up on us while we were looking at the books!

Before we go downstairs, have Fiddler Imp heal everyone.
>>
No. 820554 ID: 91ee5f

>>820553
>That leaves the downstairs area.
Downstairs as in the ground floor where you started or downstairs as in below the ground floor? Or do you mean both floors?
>>
No. 820555 ID: 843980

Time to get going in the basement.
I vote that the pyre goes first.
>>
No. 820584 ID: 6c7837

Fiddler, would you play us a merry tune to brighten our day a little, maybe throw in some heals if you will? And then yeah let's proceed down the lower level. Pyre in front (main damage dealer/shield), then Issei(Tank), Troy in the middle (ranged), then Gallows (can summon new stuff for us), and Fiddler in the rear (healer)
>>
No. 820641 ID: 8a947d
File 150197510026.png - (313.54KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 10.png )
820641

Everybody lines up: Pyre in front, Issei behind, Troy in the middle, followed by You, and Fiddler Imp in back. You continue downstairs while Fiddler plays, your wounds are minor but it's best you get them dealt with now.

You enter the lower floor, this is where the larger tanks with bigger fish are shown off. Each tank is lit up and full of different kinds of fish and aquatic life.

You: ...This place is supposed to be shut down.

Troy: Well...I guess somebody decided to open shop again. Almost all of these tanks are clean and full of healthy fish.

Issei: which means somebody's been keeping this place going. i don't smell anybody however, just the damned fish!
>>
No. 820650 ID: 19dd52

Interesting. Lets look at the fish in the tanks. Are they normal or mutated?
>>
No. 820651 ID: 094652

Test subjects, maybe? Not worth destroying when you can set up an underground sushi restaurant. Keep moving.
>>
No. 820663 ID: 3ce125

Seems fine for now, keep going.
>>
No. 820664 ID: a05012

Take a look at those tanks, I don't want to be fighting Cthulhu or anything... also maybe if we find whoever is behind this Issei can chow down on them.
>>
No. 820666 ID: 8a947d
File 150198150692.png - (70.04KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 11.png )
820666

>>820650
The fish are all normal... well mutated anyway, you've never seen any of these things not served on a plate before. You would've loved to come here if it was open. These fish haven't been turned into little flesh eating monsters yet.

Troy: ...Guys? I-I'm startin' to fell somethin'...

You: What? Something's wrong ?

Troy: Yeah, Freitast is freakin' out about somethin'... I think we're dealing with another god here.

Fiddler: See dis is wat I was talkin' about trustin' dese guys Gal, Prophets are always spoutin' some crazy shit.

Troy: There's nothin' crazy about this ya little shit!

You: Hold on! what do you mean another god ?

Troy: I mean a Prophet Gallows, There might be another Prophet like me in here. We outta tread carefully.
>>
No. 820667 ID: a05012

>>820666
Hmm, does Freitast have any idea of what kind of god we are dealing with? Also, is there a specific way we should go about taking one down? I'm assuming they aren't like shadowmen where you need to destroy their fetish or whatever to fully kill them.
>>
No. 820672 ID: 843980

Oh Lordy, another one with god powers. If this one has something to do with water powers then our fire demon is going to be seriously wasted.
>>
No. 820690 ID: 5499a9

Alright, your call Troy... friend or foe?

Everything seems to point towards this prophet being an enemy, but they may not be able to control what those things do entirely.
>>
No. 820696 ID: 91ee5f

>>820666
"What is it? The God of Mutating Fish or something? Can Freitast tell which God it is?"
>>
No. 820697 ID: a05012
File 150199102574.jpg - (93.74KB , 700x680 , IMG_4106.jpg )
820697

>>820696
Wait a minute...

Mutations? Dead things coming back life different from how they were? AND an underwater facility...?

OH FUCK, CJOPAZE! CJOPAZE FHTAGN!

IT'S RUBYQUEST ALL OVER, THAT'S IT! WE'RE DONE! GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!
>>
No. 820698 ID: 3ce125

>>820666
Well we're not really here to fight. It was just a pest control mission; nobody's really in danger as far as we know and we can just ask the Prophet here what's with the parasites. Maybe get them to keep the parasites under control a bit better? Heck, it's possible the Throttle Fish was the only one causing problems.

Not sure what was up with the cabinet. It's possible it was a trap set for intruders, which... well, we are. Not here to steal anything though.
>>
No. 820700 ID: 8a947d
File 150199181530.png - (436.50KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 12.png )
820700

You: What god are we dealing with here ? God of mutant bug fish

Troy: I don't know! Heck if I did knew which god it was they probably wouldn't need a prophet.

Troy: I know they aren't friendly... and they aren't here either, but a lot of what they've done is here.

As you move deeper into the Aquarium you find that some of the tanks don't have fish in them but...odd pods that occasionally kick or squirm. A few of them are torn open and empty but a lot of them seem to be full of what you assume are more fish creatures.

Fiddler: Dis is gettin' creepy! Dere are more 'a dese dings in dis room up 'ere! And dey're a lot bigga!
>>
No. 820704 ID: a05012

>>820700
Well... weapons check gentlemen? Best be ready for a fight. I'd rather avoid one if necessary but we'll end one if a fight finds us.
>>
No. 820706 ID: 91ee5f

>>820700
>I know they aren't friendly...and they aren't here either, but a lot of what they've done is here.
That would make these things a bunch of ticking time bombs and it's only a matter of time before they all hatch and attack everyone.

And something tells me that church official that shut this place down wasn't really with the church. They might've been an imposter and got this place shut down so that they could do all of this without anyone seeing it.

.....uhhh, guys? Where'd Issei go?
>>
No. 820707 ID: 91ee5f

>>820706
Also, I've got a feeling that if we try destroying all of these things, as soon as we smash one of them, all of the others will hatch and attack us!

If only there was a way to kill them all at once!

Maybe if we can get electricity running through all of the tanks, we could fry them all?
>>
No. 820710 ID: 8a947d
File 150199339172.png - (122.26KB , 1212x826 , Hes right here.png )
820710

>Issei
Issei's behind you, he just lags a lot.

You should get rid of these things, your job is to get rid of the pests.

>Shock the tanks.
Well...there is electricity powering the lights in the tanks. If you wanted you could try to find the access panel and maybe overload the system somehow. The question is if you're smart enough to do it...

[roll 1d20 + 10 from INTELLIGENCE (Success = 27)]
>>
No. 820711 ID: a05012

rolled 2 + 10 = 12

>>820710
I don't know are we?
>>
No. 820713 ID: 90f3c0

rolled 5 + 10 = 15

Have a look at the panel, try not to electrocute yourself.
>>
No. 820714 ID: c0416c

rolled 19, 13, 2 = 34

"We're in Lolliland, home of the stereotypically retarded brain children and their sandwich candies."

BASICALLY: Make a joke. If one of the 3d20 rolls is a 20, succeed BUT go temporarily insane for two minutes. Otherwise, just explain you have NO IDEA.
>>
No. 820716 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 20 + 10 = 30

>>820710
*insert thinking sounds here*
>>
No. 820717 ID: 91ee5f

>>820716
Wow, I got a crit! Does this mean they explode?! 8D
>>
No. 820720 ID: 8a947d
File 150199660970.png - (491.86KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 14.png )
820720

>rolled 20 + 10 = 30
CRITICAL

A few tugs and cuts and suddenly the tanks go up in sparks! You listen closely and you hear sparks going off in the next room as well, it sounds like whatever pods were in there have been fried too, you should still check though.

That wasn't as hard as you though it was, actually you think you understand machinery a little better than before!

New Skill ! [Engineering 1] (+2 to any rolls involving machines)
>>
No. 820721 ID: a05012

>>820720
And everything went better than expected! But we still
Might have that prophet to deal with if they are still here. Let's still proceed with caution.
>>
No. 820722 ID: 91ee5f

>>820720
>A few tugs and cuts and suddenly the tanks go up in sparks!
What a wonderful light show!

Unfortunately, all the normal not mutated fish are also dead. Oh, well, the important thing is we got the mutated ones!

>You listen closely and you hear sparks going off in the next room as well, it sounds like whatever pods were in there have been fried too, you should still check though.
Then let's go check it out!

>New skill.
Yay!
>>
No. 820723 ID: 91ee5f

>>820721
>Might have that prophet to deal with if they are still here.
They're not. Troy said they ain't here, but they did leave these things here.
>>
No. 820725 ID: 5499a9

Ha, Impressive. Although that may actually have been very notorious... I think we should check around quickly and make sure everything we wanted dead is dead and then let's try to leave this place without anyone noticing us.
>>
No. 820726 ID: 3ce125

>>820720
Awesome. Let's keep exploring, make sure the job's done.
>>
No. 820730 ID: 8a947d
File 150200376364.png - (190.17KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 15.png )
820730

You move into the next room, all of the pods in the tanks have been fried. The large tank way in the back however has been broken open and the pod inside has already been hatched, the floor is covered in water.

The plaque from the tank is laying in the pool below, it reads...
>>
No. 820731 ID: 8a947d
File 150200381434.png - (115.59KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 15_5.png )
820731

GREAT WHITE SHARKS
>>
No. 820735 ID: a05012

>>820731
OHFUCKOHFUCKOHFUCKOHFUCKOHFUCKOHFUCKOHFUCK!!!!!!!!

BATTLE STATIONS DUDES!!!
>>
No. 820736 ID: 3ce125

rolled 10 = 10

>>820731
Okay everyone look in every direction. Especially the ceiling. Be ready to Stun Spike the first shark you see.

...should I roll perception or stun spike? I'm just going to roll a d20.
>>
No. 820737 ID: 91ee5f

>>820730
>>820731
"Well shit. Looks like we missed one."

"The bad news is we've possibly got a mutated great white shark roaming around here somewhere. But the good news is it looks like there's only 1 of them! So keep a look out for anything that might lead us to this thing so we can kill it!"
>>
No. 820738 ID: 91ee5f

>>820736
>Stun Spike.
It's not called that anymore! It's called the Stun Claw!
>>
No. 820743 ID: d2b18e

>>820731
"FUCK. MY. LIFE."

Make summoning kits and prepare to summon EVERYTHING.
>>
No. 820745 ID: 8a947d
File 150201067068.png - (254.09KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 16.png )
820745

You: We...Might have a little trouble.

Troy: Don't tell me, we got somethin' big and scary lurkin' 'round don't we?

You: Quit possibly, everyone be on guard! We don't want to get ambushed.

>Make summoning kits

Currently you have a Demon Flagellum Pack and a Serpentine Vanguard Pack, and from what you have in your inventory you can summon one more Demon Flagellum and if you sacrifice some bullets then maybe you can bring out one of those Volatile Deviants.

Demon Flagellum: 1 Handful of Guts(2) + 1 Hand Mirror(1)

Volatile Deviant: 10 Bullets(47) + 1 Scrap Metal(2)

You could also try to Fusion Summon to make something stronger if you need to, you'd hate to waste ALL of your reagents on one creature.

roll for AGILITY + 7 or STRENGTH + 4
>>
No. 820747 ID: 3ce125

rolled 7 + 7 = 14

>>820745
I'm gonna say dodge.

Let's not summon anything for now. How hard could it be to shoot a shark?
>>
No. 820750 ID: 843980

>>820747
It went up to the ceiling which means new appendages, so for all we know it could be extremely fast. (Just saying)
>>
No. 820754 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 19 + 7 = 26

>>820745
And now to quote Piccolo from DBZ Abridged. *ahem*

"DODGE!!!!!"
>>
No. 820774 ID: 3583d1

>>820754
This.

DOOOOOOOOOOOODGE!!
>>
No. 820823 ID: 8a947d
File 150205754420.png - (616.76KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 17.png )
820823

>rolled 19 + 7 = 26

you hear creaking above you, and feel water droplets drip on your shoulders. Acting on instinct you dodge out of the way of whatever's above you. The great white swoops down and bites at the air...
>>
No. 820824 ID: 8a947d
File 150205818520.png - (679.98KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 18.png )
820824

The great white has gone undergone further mutation than the other fish you've seen. It's lower half looks like some sort of centipede. It starts to thrash wildly searching for it's next target...
>>
No. 820828 ID: 9c2d0c

>>820823
GASHUNK
>>
No. 820829 ID: 3ce125

rolled 6 = 6

>>820824
Stun Claw it!
>>
No. 820830 ID: 91ee5f

>>820829
Critical Stun Claw!
>>
No. 820839 ID: a05012

>>820829
Stun it!
>>
No. 820850 ID: 8a947d
File 150207533534.png - (377.50KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 19.png )
820850

You hit the Sharkipede with a Stun Claw (68oz ==> 58oz), the beast locks in place and twitches wildly. After this your team begins to pour in and attack, Issei swipes wildly with his tendrils and Troy fires shot's from his shotgun. Despite all of this the Sharkipede does not seem phased, Issei's attacks barely left a scratch on its hide and The shotgun pellets seem to have bounced off of it. You Stun Claw does very minuscule damage, and you can't even gauge how much.

The Sharkipede is stunned for a little bit longer, how do you proceed ?
>>
No. 820851 ID: a05012

Is it's mouth open? Then let's hit where it's soft and vulnerable! Living pyre go inside its mouth and begin to burn it from the inside! Troy, use your Jet Black on its eyes on one side, and Issei use tentacle spikes on the other side of its eyes. Also you Gallows your knife would be more effective against it, try and get in a few slashes before times up on the stun
>>
No. 820852 ID: 91ee5f

>>820850
Issei's our strongest hitter and he's barely leaving a scratch?! O_o

Well, we can't have that now, can we?

Tell Issei to hold still, then hit him with an Empower spell!

Also, Fiddler Imp can cast some debuffs on the Sharkipede!
>>
No. 820853 ID: f80c81

Fire won't work on a beast with a reinforced acid throat! Craft a Volatile Deviant kit and throw it down the sharktipede's throat!
>>
No. 820854 ID: 9c2d0c

>>820853
[citation needed]
Acid resistance and fire resistance are wholly different mechanisms, but I don't know where the premise that its maw is acidic even came from. Fire from the inside seems like a thing to try. The teeth are pretty much the dangerous part of the shark.
>>
No. 820856 ID: a267b7

Empowering Issei sounds like a good plan.
>>
No. 820862 ID: 8a947d
File 150208559878.png - (478.31KB , 1158x826 , Aquarium 20 (Fwoosh).png )
820862

Your Living Pyre shoots a wave of heat into the Sharkipede's mouth. The Shark is visibly in pain.
>>
No. 820863 ID: 8a947d
File 150208570914.png - (180.04KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 20 (Empower Issei!).png )
820863

You Empower Issei (58oz ==> 48oz)

Issei: feeling strong! and i'm not even hungry!
>>
No. 820864 ID: 8a947d
File 150208586246.png - (371.86KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 20 (CRACK!).png )
820864

You advance at the shark with your Wicked Dagger drawn. You stab at it's hide, but it's much stronger than you thought. The Wicked Dagger BREAKS against the sharks back.

The Sharkipede rears back and prepares to attack you.
>>
No. 820865 ID: 8a947d
File 150208627998.png - (239.46KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 20 (Issei Save).png )
820865

Issei pushes you out of the way before you get eaten and restrains the Sharkipede.

From the looks of it the Shark is barely injured, it's mutations have made it much stronger than any of the other fish you've fought...

Issei is restraining the Sharkipede.
>>
No. 820867 ID: 3ce125

>>820865
...Troy I think we're gonna need a big charge-up Black Ice move again.
>>
No. 820869 ID: 91ee5f

>>820862
Would ya look at that! Looks like it's softer on the inside that it is on the outside!

>>820865
Quickly! While Issei's holding it back, yell, "You want something to eat?! Then eat this!" And then you, Troy, and the Living Pyre should shove a bunch of attacks down its throat! Hurry, before Issei's Empower wears off!

Also, while it's focusing on all of you, Fiddler Imp can easily cast spells at it, since he's not being targeted!
>>
No. 820871 ID: 90f3c0

rolled 6 + 11 = 17

Looks like you should have a good shot at its gaping jaws, put a few bullets right through the roof of its mouth. Even mutant zombie fish should be vulnerable to brain damage.
>>
No. 820879 ID: 094652

rolled 18 = 18

Remember what I said about throwing an explosion demon down its throat? Go ahead.
>>
No. 820959 ID: 8a947d
File 150213905923.png - (619.60KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 21.png )
820959

You: Issei! Move!

Issei jumps out of the way as you Troy and the Living Pyre pour in attacks aimed at the shark's mouth.
Troy misses and hits the sharks underside but it manages to shred the sharkipede's hide anyway.

You use your Ivory Repeater and blast two shots at the shark (26 ==> 24) hitting it once in the mouth and once in the eye.

The Living Pyre manages to blast another wave of flames into the shark's mouth.
>>
No. 820960 ID: 8a947d
File 150213930962.png - (348.13KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 22.png )
820960

Things start to feel hotter than usual, you realize that the last attack from Living Pyre spread a lot of fire around the room!
>>
No. 820961 ID: 8a947d
File 150213957191.png - (367.22KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 23.png )
820961

The Sharkipede lunges forward and bites down on Issei restraining him! (Issei: 35hp ==> 15hp)

It thrashes around with Issei in its mouth and knocks Troy back with its head. (Troy: 30hp ==> 20hp)
>>
No. 820971 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 14 + 10 = 24

>>820961
Rolling for Issei to impale that thing from the inside!
>>
No. 820995 ID: 8a947d
File 150215334956.png - (475.12KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 24.png )
820995

>rolled 14 + 10 = 24

You can hear Issei try to penetrate the sharkipede's skull but fail with each strike, he then settles for attacking the side of the shark's mouth. It doesn't let Issei go however and continues to bite down on him (Issei: 15hp ==> 5hp).

The shark's starting to look much worse for wear but is still well enough to keep fighting for a while.

The fire is beginning to spread a little more now.
>>
No. 820996 ID: 78678c

Issei, go small size and then become a whirlwind of tentacles and buzzsaw your way out!
>>
No. 821002 ID: c6ffec

Issei! Quick, empower him again! I don't think he can take another hit so we've got to kill it now.
>>
No. 821009 ID: 3ce125

>>820995
Issei should shrink and cut his way to the heart of the beast. He can hold his breath for long enough to kill it, I hope.
>>
No. 821010 ID: 91ee5f

>>821002
No, don't! You might accidentally hit the Sharkipede and Empower it instead!

Can Issei accelerate his healing? I know he'll still be trapped, but accelerated healing should keep him alive!

Uhh, I know this might not help, but can we shove a summon pack into that new hole that Issei made? Because I was thinking that maybe using our Serpentine Vanguard summon pack inside the Sharkipede's mouth and then we summon it, it'll cause the Sharkipede to explode from having something bigger than it inside its mouth!

I just have no idea what I'm supposed to roll to do that.
>>
No. 821030 ID: 8a947d
File 150216607448.png - (413.69KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 25.png )
821030

You hit Issei with another Empower cast (48oz ==> 38oz) as he shrinks down and slips into the shark's stomach, not a moment later Issei leaps out of the lower half of the sharkipede in a huge geyser of blood.

Issei:i cant believe people have fetish for stuff like that!
>>
No. 821032 ID: 8a947d
File 150216627905.png - (661.70KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 26.png )
821032

The fire starts to spread more, to a point where the tank that the sharkipede came out of is completely engulfed in flames.

The shark leaps up and climbs onto the ceiling, before you can react the sharkipede comes crashing back down onto the ground on top of you! (You: 25hp ==> 15hp)

You are restrained by the shark.
>>
No. 821036 ID: 094652

Okay, Pyro can jump in now as a distraction
>>
No. 821047 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 11 = 11

>>821030
Issei, start accelerating your healing!

>>821032
Troy, use Jet Black to make icicle spikes come out of the floor around Roland, so that it'll lift the Sharkipede off of him! Even if it doesn't do damage, it'll get that thing off of Roland!
>>
No. 821050 ID: 91ee5f

>>821030
>I can't believe people have a fetish for stuff like that!
I'm not sure I even want to know how Issei discovered that! DX
>>
No. 821051 ID: 8a947d
File 150216963988.png - (627.14KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 27.png )
821051

>>821036
Living Pyre does a little more than distract the sharkipede, the fire demon launches itself at the shark and knocks it back into the tank full of fire. The sharkipede tries to get out but the Pyre holds it down and lets it burn in the fire.
>>
No. 821052 ID: 8a947d
File 150216999694.png - (589.85KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 28.png )
821052

The sharkipede thrashes around wildly until it stays still twitching and spasming once in a while.

The fire's starting to get out of control, you can try to find some useful materials in the room if you're fast enough but if not you'll need to leave.

>Search quickly
roll for AGILITY + 7.

>Search carefully
roll for PERCEPTION +3 (-5 from smoke and fire).

>Just leave
get the hell out of here.
>>
No. 821053 ID: 28314e

rolled 17 + 7 = 24

We're all kind of hurting here, so let's search fast and book it out of here before we choke to death on the smoke.
>>
No. 821057 ID: 3ce125

rolled 20 + 7 = 27

Yeah let's just look around real quick.
>>
No. 821058 ID: c6ffec

Good job everyone. Now grab something and run!
>>
No. 821059 ID: 91ee5f

>>821057
A crit! We might get some pretty good stuff from this!

Alright, after we get the materials, let's get a head count and make sure you, Issei, Troy, and Fiddler Imp are all together when you book it outta here!
>>
No. 821063 ID: 8a947d
File 150217534559.png - (515.28KB , 1212x826 , Aquarium 29.png )
821063

>rolled 20 + 7 = 27
CRITICAL

You manage to rummage up a few useful items.
You've found a half empty bottle of old bleach, a cracked paper weight made of obsidian, and a sharks tooth.

After you get what you can you run out of the building and back onto the shore outside of the burning aquarium.

You: *huff* *huff* I didn't know how much I hated centipedes and sharks until now... everyone alright?

Issei:i can't say alright,i was eaten by a mutant shark and i'm bleeding heavily but yes i am alive.

Troy: Is it weird that I really want a cigarette right now ? Also, I found this in the room.
Troy hands you a bag filled with 55G

Fiddler: Dis is da second time ya summoned me fer a fight an' I gotta say I prefer gettin' blasted by a voodoo skull Gall.

Everybody seems to be fine. Looks like you've dealt with the pest problem for now, but you still need to be on the look out for that prophet that started all of this. Actually, what you really need is some sleep. You passed an Inn somewhere around here.
>>
No. 821064 ID: 498605

You're all badly injured. Sleep now, turn on brain after your head clock tick right.
>>
No. 821065 ID: 3583d1

Yeah fiddler? Mind playing us a jaunty tune to boost some spirits? And then maybe a lullaby? Actually hey, before that how about we go grab dinner first?
>>
No. 821066 ID: 3ce125

...did Fiddler do anything during that fight? I wish team members went on autopilot if we don't give them suggestions.

Anyone got any bandages for Issei?
>>
No. 821067 ID: 91ee5f

>>821063
>Is it weird that I really want a cigarette right now?
"No, not really. The only weird thing about you is how you somehow like clam chowder."

>Dis is da second time ya summoned me fer a fight an' I gotta say I prefer gettin' blasted by a voodoo skull Gall.
"Look on the bright side, at least you didn't have a giant Sharkipede drop its fatass on you! Ugh, I'm gonna be feeling that in the morning."

Have Fiddler Imp heal everyone. Actually, would the healing effects be increased if you joined him for a duet? After everyone is healed, unsummon Fiddler Imp and head for the inn.

We're probably going to have to explain what happened when we go to collect our payment from Martha. And show her the dead mutated fish corpses we've got as proof.

But let's save that for the morning.
>>
No. 821068 ID: 91ee5f

>>821066
He can accelerate his healing.
>>
No. 821088 ID: 91ee5f

>>821063
>a half empty bottle of old bleach
Bleach is caustic and can cause chemical burns, so now we can summon a Gelatinous Cube if we need one next time!

However, I've gotta ask: Does the bleach need to be in the bottle or can we pour it out? And if we can pour it out, do we need to use all of it or can we use a little and save some for next time and/or multiple Gelatinous Cubes?
>>
No. 821119 ID: 56df80

Do not pay attention to the fact that you lost a big ammount of blood, while also being injured, and that you probably could pass out by this or the fact that you are probably very dizy and tired and, instead, feel proud of being able to do all of that, and that you probably should get something to drink or eat as you deserve it, not because you are in dire need to have something in your stomach

Also, you should probably leave this place as fast as you can, maybe warn somebody of the smoke coming out of the abandoned aquarium, but try to not stay around for too long, I don't think we are in condition to answer questions.
>>
No. 821142 ID: 8a947d
File 150222965053.png - (380.36KB , 1212x826 , Gazin' at the moon.png )
821142

You: Fiddler quit whining you didn't even do anything during that whole fight!

Fiddler: I was dere fer da moral support ya know ?

You: Yeah, because being there for moral support is so much harder than getting body slammed by a ton of shark fat. Get your violin out, let's heal these wounds before I start to bleed out

Troy: Whoa! We jammin' ? cuz uhh...I picked this bad boy up from April back at New Olmec.

Troy pulls out an old bass guitar.

You: Is that fine with you Fiddler ?

Fiddler: Yeah sure, ya friend ain't too bad fer a prophet I guess...

The three of you play on your way to the Ender Inn under the moonlight, and Issei whistles along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4ZzaXxK_L0
>>
No. 821143 ID: 8a947d
File 150222987248.png - (220.47KB , 1212x826 , Ender Inn.png )
821143

You don't feel like you're going to die anymore, but you're still very tired. You de-summon Fiddler and go to buy a room at the Ender Inn.
>>
No. 821150 ID: 8a947d
File 150223034156.png - (250.58KB , 1212x826 , Level Up.png )
821150

Even at your most tired you still have enough energy to Level Up.

You have one extra Attribute point to slot into any stat you want, and in addition you can also improve any one of your Skills.

[Pistols 1] ==> [Pistols 2](+5 to rolls involving pistols)

[Summoning 2] ==> [Summoning 3] (+5 to summoning rolls, summons that require more than one reagent may have one of them replaced with a sacrifice of 20oz of blood)

[Speech 1] ==> [Speech 2](+5 to rolls involving talking or speech)

[Engineering 1] ==> [Engineering 2] (+5 to rolls involving machines)

Which Skill would you like to improve ?
>>
No. 821154 ID: 91ee5f

>>821150
>You have one extra Attribute point to slot into any stat you want, and in addition you can also improve any one of your Skills.
Put the extra Attribute point into Endurance and improve Pistols, since we use those the most.
>>
No. 821158 ID: 3583d1

>>821154
This sounds good
>>
No. 821160 ID: 90f3c0

Pistols and perception.
>>
No. 821171 ID: 3ce125

>>821150
>replace a missing ingredient with blood
This is actually really fucking good, guys. Some of the ingredients have been very difficult to come by! ...wait, what does "reagent" mean? The ones that aren't the "something" we have to write the symbol on, I guess? Still really useful.

Perception, Summoning.
>>
No. 821176 ID: 8a947d
File 150223677306.png - (268.42KB , 1212x826 , Level Up 2.png )
821176

You increase your PERCEPTION and improve [Pistols 1] to [Pistols 2]!
>>
No. 821178 ID: 8a947d
File 150223718567.png - (184.32KB , 1212x826 , Ender Port 2.png )
821178

After a good nights sleep you're back in town. The fire from last night seems to have been put out. Now where to next before you find a boat ?

You can tell Martha at the Bar that you dealt with her problem.

Hand the book you found from the Aquarium to Medi in Gudon.

or Have Ada look at the Weird Spare Part you bought from Andre
>>
No. 821179 ID: 91ee5f

>>821178
Go to Martha at the Bar, she's the closest to you.
>>
No. 821181 ID: c304bc

>>821178
Any chance to make some money and talk to Ms. Ada Cutie-Patootie is a good chance
>>
No. 821185 ID: 8a947d
File 150224073451.png - (382.67KB , 1212x826 , Bar 2.png )
821185

>>821179
You go to speak with Martha and tell her as much as possible without admitting you committed arson.

You: ...so it turns out these were your problem all along!

You hold up the dead body of the throttle fish mutant.

Martha: YUCK! I can't believe I'm sayin' this but i'd rather have rats down there. Well, nothin's been broken or eaten when I came back so I guess you took care of it! Now about your payment.

Martha hands you a bag with 200G's inside.

Martha: And ya know what ? I'm so glad ya fellas got rid of these disgustin' pests, howabout a round a drinks on the house ?
>>
No. 821186 ID: c304bc

Cheers, Gentlemen! To Ada's next?
>>
No. 821187 ID: 91ee5f

>>821185
>And ya know what? I'm so glad ya fellas got rid of these disgustin' pests, howabout a round a drinks on the house?
"We'll take you up on that offer!"

Then when you all get your drinks, and made sure Issei's is strawberry flavored, say, "To a job well done, cheers!" then clink your mugs together.

>>821186
>To Ada's next?
Obviously!

.....if we've got time that is. For all we know, the next boat could be leaving in the next few minutes and we don't have time to visit Ada!
>>
No. 821188 ID: 094652

... Waiiit a minute...

Summon Fiddler Imp and have him drink the first round. Do not drink until you are sure there's no fast-acting venom in your beer.
>>
No. 821191 ID: 91ee5f

>>821188
No, bad Kome!
>>
No. 821197 ID: 8a947d
File 150224669616.png - (176.87KB , 1212x826 , Bar 3.png )
821197

Troy orders a Whiskey and Cola, you try whatever potato liquor is and Issei-

Issei: hey, i'm going out to eat.

Martha: You can eat here, I serve the full menu here at...

Issei: no there's a certain snack i saw in a little shop somewhere that caught my eye, i'll meet up with you guys later.

Martha: Hmm...I need to check something in the back, enjoy your drinks fellas.

You and Troy sit alone and enjoy your drinks.

Troy: Okay, what the hell? "potato liquor" ? So you're not gonna eat clam chowder but you'll guzzle down potato juice?

You: it's not that bad actually! I think i can get used to drinking this stuff.

Troy stays silent for a little while nursing his drink before he decides to say something.

Troy: Gallows...I'm real glad I met you ya know ?
>>
No. 821198 ID: 91ee5f

>>821197
>Gallows...I'm real glad I met you ya know?
"I'm glad I met you too."

".....soooo, does Freitast ever ask you to do certain things in her name or something? And does she ever threaten to smite you if you don't do something she wants you to do?"
>>
No. 821199 ID: c304bc

>>821197
*Brofist*
>>
No. 821201 ID: 8a947d
File 150224834113.png - (125.60KB , 1212x826 , Bar 4.png )
821201

You: Thanks Troy, I'm glad I met you too.

Troy: I don't just mean 'cus you're a cool guy to be around Gal

Troy: If it weren't for you I woulda never gone down to New Olmec. Didn't think too much of April not writtin' to me, sure I was worried but she's a busy gal so I just thought she was workin'

Troy: ... I don't know what'd I'd do if somethin' happened to her. To be honest she's the one thing I care about, one person I could really rely on.

You: I'm guessing your situation with your parent's wasn't too great ?

Troy: Understatement of the century. Never knew my pops, left before I could even speak; and my mom was... well it's hard to explain but she wasn't exactly nurturin', not towards me anyway...said I looked too much like my old man.

You: Sounds rough...I'm sorry to hear that.

Troy: Yeah well that's all in the past, after April was born I started to do some less than legal dealings on the side. Can you imagaine a 16 year old bustin' skulls for money ? Well at least I wasn't almost hung when I was 8 huh ?

You: True! Definitely not a warm childhood memory.

Troy: But you know what the worst part was Gallows ? That during that whole time I just felt so...small. Like nothin' I did mattered, I was just some low down piece of street scum that didn't matter. Especially when the Church was callin' shots and makin' rules.

Troy: It was kinda like I was in a play, and everyone else was a main character who got an arc and a title and something important to do; but me? I was just some background mook that get's shot after the opening act, no one knows me or my story and no one cares that they missed it.

Troy: I was floatin' through life, but two things happened that changed me. One: about a month before you met me I met Freitast, and I got these powers.; and Two: I met you.

You: Troy-

Troy: That time in New Olmec when we were fightin' those crazy cultists and the weird monster thing it felt like I was makin' a big change in the world. Even before that when I heard how you wanted to take down the church and change the world, I though people look you only existed in cheesy books.

Troy: Honestly Gallows, I feel like I have more people to rely on now. I feel like more than just someone in the background.
>>
No. 821208 ID: 13fded

"I'm also glad we can save people from crazy cultists and things like that, but aren't you giving me too much credit? I stumble on those perils the same way you did, by dumb luck, and to deal with them I depended on you and Issei as much or more than you depended on me."
"Not to mention the chosen of a god would sooner or later have to do something important. Why did Freitast chose you anyway?"
>>
No. 821212 ID: 91ee5f

>>821201
Make a joke with him by saying, "Well, you ain't a background character. You're my sidekick that's here mostly for comic relief! .....nah, I'm just messing with you!"

"So, how exactly did you and your girlfrie- I mean, Freitast meet anyways? Did you find her trapped in a bottle or something?"
>>
No. 821226 ID: 8a947d
File 150225786514.png - (96.93KB , 661x447 , Bar 5.png )
821226

You: It's good to have people you rely on and really trust. You're no background character Troy.

You: You're more like a sidekick who's there for comedic relief!

You give Troy the bro-est brofist you can muster.

Troy: I'd have to be funny for that, and besides comedic relief almost always dies!

You: Well...Yeah but not until like the near end of the story. Hey, how did you find Freitast anyway ? or why did she choose you to be a prophet ?

Troy: Don't know why, i'm pretty sure the process is random. I had this dream that I was floatin' around in black nothingness, outta no where I see this woman sorta form out of the darkness and come towards me.

Troy: When I woke up I was covered in black ice. I don't know much more than that Freitast doesn't talk to me that much unless it's important and on the rare occasion she does sometimes it's not English, it's some weird garbled nightmare speak.

Troy: I don't know, gods are weird.
>>
No. 821228 ID: 91ee5f

>>821226
>it's some weird garbled nightmare speak.
"And you can still understand her?"

>I don't know, gods are weird.
"Speaking of weird, this is going to be an awkward question, but I've gotta ask: Once a month, does Freitast have weird mood swings or something like that?"
>>
No. 821229 ID: c304bc

>>821226
"Well me and gods have never gotten on well with each other anyway, so I guess we are on even terms with each other and we know where we all stand, haha!"
>>
No. 821230 ID: 8a947d
File 150226365977.png - (191.62KB , 1212x826 , Leaving the Bar.png )
821230

You: ...and you understand the nightmare garble ?

Troy: Sometimes but not always. Its awful to just be sittin' somewhere enjoyin' a smoke in complete silence only to have a bunch of hellish whispering come out of no where.

You: Gods are indeed weird.

You and Troy finish your drinks and leave the bar, Now that you got your money you're at 338G's

Where too next ?

>Ada in Itsdin
>Luucc in Itsdin
>Medi in Gudon
>Boat to Ebony Port
>>
No. 821231 ID: 3583d1

How much time before our boat leaves? We might get a chance to visit Ada before hand.
>>
No. 821234 ID: 3ce125

>>821230
Let's visit Ada.
>>
No. 821239 ID: 91ee5f

>>821231
This. And if we do have time, go visit Ada.
>>
No. 821246 ID: 486e87

We should ask if there's anything Troy or Issei want to buy, since we've been holding the group's funds.

Aside from that, check when the boat leaves and if we've got time visit Ada to show her the weird spare part.
>>
No. 821302 ID: 8a947d
File 150231465144.png - (334.05KB , 1212x826 , Ada's Shop.png )
821302

You have enough time to head back to Itsdin and meet Ada, you Waystone back to Itsdin.

Ada's shop is closed, all of the lights are out and there's a sign on the front door.

"Out to Lunch"

The closest place that serves food would be Luucc's Inn.
>>
No. 821306 ID: c304bc

>>821302
To Luucc's then?
>>
No. 821307 ID: 9b20d1

Let's go eat at the inn and ask how "terrible" Issei's snack was. (Terrible as in how bad was the person)
>>
No. 821310 ID: 91ee5f

>>821306
This.

>>821307
And this, while also asking if he drenched it in strawberry flavored dipping sauce before eating it?
>>
No. 821313 ID: 8a947d
File 150231766807.png - (221.38KB , 1212x826 , Empty Bar 1.png )
821313

You head to Luucc's Inn in search for Ada.

>>821307
Issei: i can never tell what they did but this guy was bad, which was good for me.

Luucc's in is completely empty, no one's manning the front desk and no ones sitting at the tables. The door to the secret basement is wide open,

Troy: This don't look good...

You all head down into the basement. There's one man sitting at the front counter but nobody else.
>>
No. 821318 ID: c304bc

>>821313
FUCK! That's a priest!! BATTLE POSITIONS!!!
>>
No. 821320 ID: 91ee5f

>>821313
Fuck, a priest.

Of course here they are stepping all over the little guy again, while they do jack shit about bigger problems like the voodoo guys that have a hideout here in the city!

Hopefully, Ada went somewhere else for lunch and wasn't here when the Church made the bust! Otherwise we'll have to do another jailbreak!

Just don't act hostile and hopefully we can walk away without getting into a fight!
>>
No. 821322 ID: 91ee5f

>>821320
If he asks why you're here, just tell him that all of you are new in town and you heard a rumor about a this place and thought it would be a cool place to check out.
>>
No. 821332 ID: 486e87

Ok, stay calm. Act like you were just coming here to get lunch, but since the place was empty, you were having a look around.

Don't give the priest reason to attack you.
>>
No. 821334 ID: 8d4593

Quiet round town tonight. Somthin goin on?
>>
No. 821336 ID: ded90d

>>821313
Well, they've got a drink, wonder if something interesting happens when they drink it.
Sit at the bar and observe.
>>
No. 821337 ID: 8a947d
File 150232140743.png - (262.33KB , 1212x826 , Empty Bar 2.png )
821337

Shit, Goddammit what the hell is a priest doing here? Did he haul everybody off ? Well, he's already seen you three.

Priest: Ah! Well if it isn't another patron to this wonderful establishment.

Priest: I'll say I haven't had a magic drink mixed this well since my trip to Dolvan.

You: Of all the places to be it had to be here. Why are you still here anyway ? Shouldn't this place just be shut down ?

Priest: Oh I didn't come to shut the place down, I think the whole ban on magic drinks in this cities dumb as hell. I came cause after a little snooping around I figured out that a certain somebody comes here often.

Priest: Now I'm not here on official business, this is just personal interest. One of our Priestesses got beat by some Pagan she should have had no problem dealing with.

Priest: And in my infinite boredom I decided to follow up on this little tip I got and see what the hubbub is. So "Gallows", how about a game of cards ?

The Priest reveals a deck of cards from his sleeves and places them on the table.

Priest: OH! but where are my manners ? My name is Karas, Priest Karas

Karas: Now then, what do you say ?
>>
No. 821339 ID: 8d4593

Civility? A pleasant surprise.

I'll play some cards, but I'll need to know where the owner is.
>>
No. 821340 ID: 3373e2

This is pretty sketchy but go along with it for now. Ask what the stakes are first. We don't know if this guy has reinforcements right around the corner so be careful about what you say.
>>
No. 821345 ID: ded90d

>>821337
Bummer, i was hoping he'd spontaneously combust when he drank that.
"I already gave an eye to a priest why should i give you my time?"
>>
No. 821346 ID: 8a947d
File 150232278213.png - (140.88KB , 1212x826 , Empty Bar 5.png )
821346

>>821339
Civility? From a Priest? You doubt it, there's gotta be something he's trying to do. That or he's just playing with you like the sick bastard he is.

You: Cards ?

Karas: Yes, I love a good gamble cards or otherwise. For now though cards seem like the best way to do it.

Troy pulls you back

Troy: C'mon Gal we don't need to do this. We should get outta here.

You: Trust me I wouldn't give the time of day to a priest if I had to, bu haven't you noticed Troy? There's absolutely nobody here! And I bet this guy knows about it.

You: Priest, Where are all of the Bar patrons ? I was looking for one of my friends here.

Karas:...What ? Can't you tell ? They're all here!
>>
No. 821347 ID: 8a947d
File 150232298951.png - (171.99KB , 1212x826 , Empty Bar 3.png )
821347

Karas pulls out a handful of cards from his coat and shows them to you.

Karas: I decided to kill two birds with one stone so to speak, you see in my spare time i like to "collect" cards.

Karas: It has been sometime since I have completed a deck and I was hoping to find the cards I needed here.

You look closer at the cards in his hands, the faces of Luucc in Ulrik are in two of them.

You: Are...are those ?

Karas: Sadly I have no control over what kind of cards I get so it takes some time before I have a full deck, however I did hit quit the jackpot !
>>
No. 821348 ID: c304bc

Oh hell... Do we gotta play for their lives or something? Issei, is this guy rotten?
>>
No. 821349 ID: 8a947d
File 150232305158.png - (136.68KB , 1212x826 , Empty Bar 4.png )
821349

He holds up one more card.

Karas: I've been searching for a Queen of Hearts for a long time, who'd know I'd find one on this fun little trip.
>>
No. 821358 ID: c304bc

>>821349
You son of a bitch...

Alright then. So here's how this is going to happen. One way or another. You can either turn them all back now, or I blow out your kneecaps. Or you don't and I still blow out your kneecaps but I also let my friend here eat you, then I take your cards to someone who can fix them. Either way, you have to be one confident bastard do this, but such is the price of overconfidence.
>>
No. 821359 ID: 3ce125

>>821349
That's fucked up. Tell him he's fucked up.
>>
No. 821362 ID: 486e87

Don't escalate just yet, although I'm sorely tempted. Those are people, dammit. This is just like the voodoo trees on the train, except he's collecting them.

Ask him why, and get him to explain what he means by card game. We might need to win the cards off him, and if we kill him we might not have a way of turning the cards back into people. So, Karas, what's your game here?
>>
No. 821363 ID: 297014

So what, I win and everyone goes free? What's in it for you?
>>
No. 821366 ID: 8d4593

This guy needs a bullet to the skull.
>>
No. 821393 ID: 8a947d
File 150232720455.png - (91.96KB , 1212x826 , Empty Bar 6.png )
821393

You're hand twitches toward your gun almost instinctively before you realize you can't take on a priest even with your friends behind you. You suppress your anger for a little bit and hold Troy back before he can do anything stupid.

You: So that's it isn't it ? I've gotta gamble for these people back ?

Karas: Well I never said that you asked where everyone was and I showed you, but that's a great way to raise the stakes actually! I thought we'd just use gold or something but instead we'll gamble for these cards.

You: You're just fine with gambling around with people ? How is that possible ?

Karas: Well first things first I won these cards fair and square. This bearded fellow here, Ulrik was it ? he made a bet with me and I won, then his buddy Luucc jumped in to try and win him back and once again I won, A few more goes and a few more bets later...well you can see how it ended.

Karas waves the cards around.
>>
No. 821398 ID: 8a947d
File 150232770661.png - (100.70KB , 1212x826 , Empty Bar 7.png )
821398

Karas: Honestly though some of these cards I don't care about, like this Luucc fellow. He turned into a 5 of Spades but I've already got 10 of them so I don't really need him.

Karas folds Luucc's card into a little airplane and throws it in the air.

Karas: So I'll be giving you 6 cards to use and I'll be keeping 6 cards to bet with. I was thinking of Blackjack, or 21 as some call it. you know the game ?

You: You toss me two cards and I try to get closest to to 21 without going over.

Karas: Ah! So they do have some fun games in your little pagan communes, well then if Blackjacks okay with you then we'll play unless you have another game in mind ?
>>
No. 821400 ID: c304bc

Our luck stat isn't that great guys... we can play but be prepared to pull a Han Solo under the table should it get ugly.
>>
No. 821428 ID: 3ce125

>>821398
Hmm. Blackjack isn't a game you can win reliably from skill. This guy must cheat somehow. Counting cards can give you an edge but that's over a long period of time. How many hands did he deal...? Maybe he can do more than count cards- maybe he can see through them. See exactly what cards are what. That way he could cheat no matter what game it is.

Would Aether Sight let you do that too? Or a Globule? If it could let you do anything even similar I say go for it.
>>
No. 821433 ID: 9b20d1

What about that card game we played before? ( it'd be a shame if you made a card game up for the quest and we never play it again)
>>
No. 821440 ID: 91ee5f

>>821398
Tell him that you've been in a situation similar to this, only difference is the people were turned into trees and the guys that did it used voodoo magic. Strange how the church and the shadow men are so similar, don't you think?

.....WAIT A MINUTE!!!!! He just admitted to having multiples of each card! That's probably how he wins, he's got cards up his sleeves!

>>821433
This!
>>
No. 821447 ID: 91ee5f

>>821440
Also go pick up Luucc's card and say, "That better not have hurt him from doing that!"
>>
No. 821450 ID: 91ee5f

>>821447
I meant to say, go pick up Luucc's card and unfold it.
>>
No. 821456 ID: dd4df2

>>821398

Snatch Luuc out of the air. Unfold him (and smudge his hat slightly when out of sight of the priest so he's no longer recognizable as Luuc) and toss him to Troy. Narrow your eyes at the priest.

"I get that someone high up in the priesthood would get bored - you keep outlawing fun - and entertainment - and education - basically you're joy eaters at this point - but I would have to be really, really gods-damned confident in my skills and luck to gamble my life on getting all these people back from you when you've clearly made a clean sweep so far. How stupid do you think I am?"

Take a deep breath. Sigh.

"Not to mention, my luck's been pretty shit of late. But if that's what you want and the only way you'll do it, let's save us some effort and go right to the top dog gambler of our group."

Pause meaningfully, then nod at Troy.

"Troy? He's all yours. I'll go mix some drinks and summon Fiddler for the entertainment. Issei? Feel free to keep an eye on our friend here and see that he doesn't card shark us - you've got no reason to love sharks now, right? - and if he does, well... uh, oooh man, we'll call him such nasty names on our way out, I'm sure. Really hurt his feelings."

This a) gives us a chance to confer with Fiddler about what the fudge priest-guy here might be up to beyond the obvious - and ask if Fiddler can do anything to boost Troy's chances - or just give us more of a chance to figure out a scam of our own to pull in order to support Troy (maybe using the drinks cabinet and the bar mirror to spy on priest-guy's hand and make signals to Troy he might be able to sense pagan magics, but is he capable enough to pick up on ordinary trickery?).

Heck, we there is even a card he could - if he's really careful - pull out from his sleeve and cheat with: Luuc's, that we carefully smudged.

[Troy has the best Luck, if that stat is relevant, he can use his smuggling tricks to try to cheat at cards, and letting him try before Gallows might give us a second life, kind of, depending on how this game is actually played.]
>>
No. 821457 ID: dd4df2

>>821456

Ah, darn. Just saw: no bar mirror.
>>
No. 821458 ID: 8a947d
File 150233510570.png - (266.67KB , 1212x826 , The Gambler 1.png )
821458

>>821428
If you used Aether Sight you'd see right through the card but not see what was on it, still it is likely that this guy cheats somehow...

You: How about we play Soul Poker ?

Karas: Soul Poker ? It'd have to be a head on game with just the two of us. If were going to play poker I might as well use more cards to bet with.

Instead of 6 betting cards Karas slides you 36 cards to bet

You: You wouldn't happen to use those extra cards you make people into to cheat would you ?

Karas: of course not. They have little faces on them so it's not really possible, you'd be able to tell right away.

Karas: In fact just to show I won't cheat, I'll do this.

The card that Karas threw before explodes in a cloud of blue smoke, Luucc stands in the cloud.

Karas: Luucc here will deal the cards, but he won't be playing.

Luucc: Wha-? Roland ?

You: Yeah, I'm betting to save you now stay calm.

Karas: Alright-y then, lets get started...
>>
No. 821461 ID: 8a947d
File 150233620361.png - (159.37KB , 1212x826 , Soul Poker 1.png )
821461

You pull an Ace of Diamonds and a Jack of Spades, you pull your own soul card Reset the World, which let's you draw a new hand.

changed the way this card works to avoid complications

There's a 2 of Spades, a 2 of Diamonds, and an Ace of Spades in the community hand.

Karas: I'll pay the big blind of 6, you'll pay the small blind of 3 for a pot of 9

Karas calls 3 Cards bringing the pot to 12.

What do you do ?
>Call ?
>Raise ?
>Fold ?
>>
No. 821466 ID: 91ee5f

As a reminder to everyone that played this in Thread 2: The rules of Soul Poker are the exact same as Texas Hold'em, but there are special cards that are in play that effect the game. The "Reset the World" card that Gallows just got is a Soul Card.

Soul Cards are different and depend on what sort of person you are. So, since Gallows and Karas are the only players, there's only going to be 2 different Soul Cards, "Reset the World" which is generated from Gallows' soul and whatever Karas' soul card is.

Now that that's outta the way, could someone with better Texas Hold'em card playing skills than me please help out?
>>
No. 821467 ID: 3ce125

>>821461
>calls three cards
You mean raises three cards.

Anyway, chances of him having a better hand are low. He'd need a 2 (or two 2s) or two aces. Or I guess an ace and a queen/king, to beat a tie.

Raise 2.
>>
No. 821468 ID: 3ce125

>>821466
You forgot: there are generic soul cards added to the deck to keep the character-specific soul cards from being the only ones at play. We cannot predict what soul card he has.
>>
No. 821469 ID: 894beb

>>821466
The hand is not too bad, I say we call. Best to start small and then lure him in.
>>
No. 821471 ID: 91ee5f

>>821468
Shit! I knew I was going to miss something! Thanks for catching that!
>>
No. 821496 ID: 8a947d
File 150234391066.png - (163.86KB , 1212x826 , Soul Poker 2.png )
821496

You Raise 2 cards.

...You can't help but feel like somethings wrong, you didn't even consider the extent of his power or what god he prays to. If you do try to out him for cheating he could deny it unless you figure out HOW he's cheating

Luucc draws another card into the community hand, a Queen of Hearts

Karas shuffles in his seat...Then he raises 7 Cards, the pot is now 21 Cards.

Community Hand
2-Diamonds, 2-Spades, A-Spades, and Q-Hearts

Your Hand
A-Diamonds, J-Spades, [RESET THE WORLD]

>Call ?

>Raise ?
(Raising DOUBLE what was bet can allow you to Bluff, When you Bluff roll for CHARM + 7 for a chance to intimidate Karas into possibly folding sooner)

>Fold?
>>
No. 821501 ID: 3ce125

rolled 7 + 7 = 14

Ask Luucc if he noticed anything weird when the priest was playing before.

I'm going to guess that he can change the cards he has, but it's random and he can only do it once per hand or something. Like he gets Reset The World as a free soul card every hand. Potentially very powerful but can't overpower super good hands. I suspect the winning strategy against him is to either fold until we get something really good at the start or to hope we get a soul card that lets us swap hands with him.

But heck, I'm a fan of using a skill check to win. BLUFF.
>>
No. 821503 ID: 90f3c0

rolled 20 + 7 = 27

We have a pretty decent hand, and the Reset the World Card. Might as well go big, double the bet and Bluff.
>>
No. 821505 ID: 91ee5f

>>821503
Critical Bluff!
>>
No. 821507 ID: 3ce125

>>821496
Wait, the bet-card totals are wrong. When betting, everyone has to either match the current bet (call), go over that bet (raise), or fold. If someone raises, then everyone has to respond to that raise and either call or raise again. At the end of each betting phase and nobody folded, everyone should have the same chips(cards) because everyone has to bet the same amount or else fold.
>>
No. 821511 ID: 91ee5f

>>821496
>...You can't help but feel like somethings wrong, you didn't even consider the extent of his power or what god he prays to. If you do try to out him for cheating he could deny it unless you figure out HOW he's cheating.
That's some very worrying information right there! We've gotta pay attention to absolutely everything he does so that we can catch him if he does try to cheat!
>>
No. 821513 ID: 8a947d
File 150234924122.png - (231.50KB , 1212x826 , Soul Poker Big Bluff.png )
821513

>>821507
shit, I've noticed that i've messed up some number totals too. But I keep going back over it and they never come out with exactly the same card totals, I'm sorry for that. If you want to talk about it more go to the disthread. for now I'll change the totals to be a little more accurate.

We should have 28 Cards and Karas should have 20 Cards after betting 7


>rolled 20 + 7 = 27

You put on your best stoic face (it helps that 3/4's of your face is covered in bandages) and push forward 14 of your cards.
>>
No. 821514 ID: 8a947d
File 150235037508.png - (93.26KB , 1212x826 , Fold Em.png )
821514

Karas is obviously shocked, he looks at the cards in his hand and then back to the ones on the table. He stays silent for sometime, until finally.

Karas: Gah...I fold. Guess Soul Poker isn't my game after all.

Turns out one good bluff managed to win the game for you, you breath a sigh of relief and look through the cards you did win, a bunch of people you don't know and Ulrik. Karas still has Ada.

You: Don't I get the rest ?

Karas: You get the ones you won, I keep the ones I didn't bet.
>>
No. 821515 ID: 3ce125

>>821514
>I don't get the rest?
Well I mean why were there any bets if you thought it was winner takes all, Gallows?

Next round. We got half his cards, let's take the rest. Now that we have a bigger bank we can force him to go all in or fold (or burn his soul card)
>>
No. 821517 ID: 3ce125

Wait a minute, he is going to turn them back into people right? Gallows doesn't want the cards he wants the people.
>>
No. 821519 ID: 91ee5f

>>821514
Of course he wouldn't bet Ada. He even said he'd been looking for a Queen of Hearts for a long time, so it makes sense that he wouldn't bet her and hold onto her for as long as possible!

Shit! He's probably going to stop playing and try to leave with Ada!

How do we convince him to keep playing until we get Ada back? Hell, while we're at it, we might as well try to get everyone he's got! But whatever we do, we can't let him know how important it is for us to win back Ada, otherwise he'll never bet her!
>>
No. 821525 ID: 9876c4

>>821519
Tell him you're looking forward to doing that again.

If he thinks you're sharp, he'll bail. But if he thinks you're overconfident, he'll keep playing.
>>
No. 821529 ID: 094652

Great, now how do you revive them?

"Incidentally, does owning a cardson mean you own all property and assets associated with that cardson? If you say no, I'll stop bothering you and raid the Queen's stock."
>>
No. 821543 ID: 91ee5f

>>821525
Should we tell him that this is literally only the 2nd time we've played Soul Poker, to make him think this is only "beginner's luck"? Or should we not mention that?
>>
No. 821545 ID: 09446e

you want to go for another round?

Also, I'm sorry, but I can't help it but see the fact that you didn't mention what was your soul card and what does it do.


By the way, that priestess you mentioned, Is she a friend of yours?

If he was cheating... He wouldn't have folded that easily... Although it could be a Ruse to let your guard down. Do not give him that luxury. Then again, we are playing a completely different game.
>>
No. 821550 ID: 8d4593

So, what would make you want to bet the rest?
>>
No. 821553 ID: 8a947d
File 150238777757.png - (124.60KB , 1212x826 , The Gambler 2.png )
821553

Karas: Court cards are so hard to come by, I don't know what the qualifications are but I rarely find them.

Karas: I'm not willing to part with it so easily...

You: HER not "it". Come on there's gotta be another game we can play for the rest ?

Karas: Well...How about this ?
>>
No. 821554 ID: 8a947d
File 150238789295.png - (170.71KB , 1212x826 , Your Friends.png )
821554

Karas: Bet one of your friends.

You: What.

Karas: You heard me, bet one of your friends in this next game and I'll play it. So, who do you want to bet ?
>>
No. 821555 ID: fc33ea

Forget friends, I bet my own sweet self.
>>
No. 821556 ID: 02d8f4

>>821555
This. We aren't going to risk their lives.
>>
No. 821557 ID: 3373e2

Ask them if they would volunteer first and if they both don't then gamble with your own life.
>>
No. 821561 ID: 8a947d
File 150238969506.png - (141.86KB , 1212x826 , Your Friends 2.png )
821561

>>821557
Troy: Gallows, I'm fine bettin' my life for this; but if I'm gamblin' with my life I'm going to be the one playin'.

Issei: i'd much rather be eaten by a giant shark centipede again...but i guess i have no choice here. i will want to play for myself though.

Karas: Eh, Sure I'd love to see what those to have. You're friends seem all in for the idea, who do you want ?
>>
No. 821562 ID: 91ee5f

"Oh, please. You want me to bet them? There's no risk in doing that! How about I bet myself instead?"

Alternativly, if he doesn't go for it and we still won't gamble our friends, then we could always bet the Azerite. But, I say we save that for when we've got no other choice!
>>
No. 821572 ID: 4429c6

If Troy wants to gamble I trust him, he seems like he'd be good at it.

But man, I don't want to risk losing. Do we have ANY indication as to what god this guy gets his power from?
>>
No. 821574 ID: 894beb

>>821572
Probably one of the main sky god's pantheon. They never actually said it was a monotheistic church so it stand to reason that there's other gods in their camp
>>
No. 821581 ID: 36c133

I have a sinking feeling he's going to bet you won't murder one of your friends right now to save Ada...

Leave, steal Ada's stuff, and ruin this guy's life LATER.
>>
No. 821582 ID: 90f3c0

rolled 2 = 2

If he doesn't let you pick yourself, just flip a coin. 1 = Troy, 2 = Issei
>>
No. 821589 ID: 8d4593

Agreed, on the condition that if the first one loses, Gallows will play for both himself and the other friend in an all or nothing bout next round.
>>
No. 821591 ID: 8a947d
File 150240447180.png - (149.71KB , 1212x826 , The Gambler 4.png )
821591

You: Fine, but if Troy loses I'm going playing for an all or nothing next match.

Troy takes your place.

Troy: Alright then, what game are we playin' ?

Karas: Eager to get started are we ? I was thinkin' we try a little Liars Dice. We both get a cup with 5 six-sided dice. We roll and try to get a good hand, now we can lie about our hands but we can also call out lies. Get it ?

Karas: The hands are similar to poker hands, so 2 sixes is a pair, 2 sixes and 2 threes is a two pair. Understand ? We'll go for three games. You win I'll hand over my remaining cards, I win I'll take you.

Karas: Well then if you don't have any questions you should roll your dice...

Roll 5d6

If Troy needs to rely on luck you can roll 1d20 and try to get a number lower than or equal to his LUCK stat (7) to change one of the dice to whatever you want.

Hand Examples
Five of a kind: 44444
Four of a kind: 22225
High straight: 23456
Full house: 66111
Three of a kind: 44432
Low straight: 12345
Two pair: 22551
Pair: 66532
Runt: 13456

>>
No. 821594 ID: 173b46

rolled 1, 5, 2, 5, 3 = 16

>>821591
Let's send Pegasus to the shadow realm.
>>
No. 821595 ID: 173b46

rolled 16 = 16

>>821594
Rolling to change a five to a four.
>>
No. 821596 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 6, 4, 3, 2, 1 = 16

Let's get a good roll here!
>>
No. 821598 ID: 8d4593

rolled 6, 2, 1, 6, 6 = 21

He didn't say we lose the hand if we get caught on a lie, So this must instead mean we have to take what we really have instead.

He also didn't say we could only call our Opponent's lies.

This means we can play this game like Cheat or Bull-Shit.

If we get a good hand, we can lie and call it a terrible hand, baiting our opponent into telling us his actual, likely not so great hand. We can then call out our own lie, and reveal our true, superior hand.

Meanwhile if we have a shit hand, it's always constructive to call out the opponent on any hand that he claims would beat us.
>>
No. 821599 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 1 = 1

>>821596
Rolling to change the 6 into a 5!
>>
No. 821600 ID: 8a947d
File 150240638598.png - (134.84KB , 1212x826 , Liars Dice 1.png )
821600

>rolled 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Troy has a Low Straight !

Troy looks over at Karas who doesn't check his dice.

Karas: If you're wondering I don't need to look, I know I have something good. At this point you can re-roll ONCE if you're unhappy with your current roll.

>Tell Hand ?
>Bluff Hand ?
>Re-roll ?
>>
No. 821612 ID: 8d4593

He doesn't know if he has shit, but that's a clever line. He's trying to make us second guess ourselves, get us to re-roll.

To do so will likely give us something worse.

Do Not Re-Roll
>>
No. 821615 ID: 3ce125

>>821600
Hmm, so, this variant of Liar's Dice is like poker except the hand you say you have is used instead of your real hand, but if the opponent catches you in a lie you lose? And you have to state your entire hand at once?

>>821599
Should've changed the 1 into a 5.
>>
No. 821617 ID: 91ee5f

>>821612
You've got a good point there.

Also, we've gotta remember that Gallows said that if we suspect Karas of cheating (just because he's a Priest, that doesn't make him honest nor does it mean he'll play fair), we've got to figure out exactly HOW he's cheating so we can call him out on it! Which means we've gotta watch Karas carefully, in case he tries to do something! Because if we can catch him, we might be able to instantly win this!
>>
No. 821619 ID: 91ee5f

>>821615
>Should've changed the 1 into a 5.
.....MOTHER FUCKER, I DIDN'T SEE THAT!!!!!

Sorry about that! I hope I didn't just fuck this round up for us!
>>
No. 821623 ID: 8d4593

>>821619
You could have also changed this
>>821598
1 into a 6 XD
>>
No. 821627 ID: 91ee5f

>>821623
Well, I didn't do that because I thought we could only change our own numbers. I didn't know we could change someone else's numbers!

I guess that's something to keep in mind for the next round, we can roll 1d20 to change someone else's numbers instead of your own numbers!
>>
No. 821639 ID: 8a947d
File 150240990139.png - (162.29KB , 1212x826 , Liars Dice 2.png )
821639

Karas quickly peeks under his cup.

Karas: I've got 3 fives, 3 of a kind.

Troy doesn't plan on re-rolling.

>Tell Hand

>Bluff Hand (roll for CHARM + 9)

>Call His Hand If you call his hand and he isn't lying you will lose the round
>>
No. 821646 ID: 8a947d

and you can't roll to change someone else's dice...

but yeah a 1 instead of a 5 would have been much better

>>
No. 821658 ID: 91ee5f

>>821639
>Tell or Bluff?
This is the tricky part. We could tell him our hand and he could think it's a bluff, call it, and he'll lose because we didn't lie or we could bluff and he believes it.

I don't know what to do. Does anyone else know what to do?

>>821646
>and you can't roll to change someone else's dice...
Dang. Well never mind then, only roll to change you own numbers.

>but yeah a 1 into a 5 would have been much better
Stop reminding me of my mistake already! I feel bad enough for fucking up the round already!
>>
No. 821663 ID: 486e87

>>821658
I think we bluff. If we tell, then he would deduce that we're telling the truth, because his (supposed) hand would beat ours regardless.
>>
No. 821665 ID: 3ce125

rolled 7 + 9 = 16

>>821658
Our hand is lower than his named hand. If we tell the truth we lose no matter what. We have to either bluff and hope he buys it, or call him and hope he's lying. It's normally about a 20% chance to have 3 of a kind, but he's got god powers on his side so there's no way of knowing what hand he's actually got.

I say we bluff again. Say high straight. Troy has a good CHARM stat, anyway.
>>
No. 821670 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 14 + 9 = 23

>>821665
Well, if you say so. Then I guess I'll roll to Bluff!
>>
No. 821688 ID: 8a947d
File 150241463043.png - (118.66KB , 1054x765 , Liars Dice 3.png )
821688

>rolled 14 + 9 = 23

Troy decides to bluff your hand, something higher but not just another 3 of a kind. He bluff High Straight. Karas peeks back at his dice then thinks for a bit.

Karas: Well dang nabbit! Looks like I spent all my luck before you got here! I'll fold again.

Troy wins the round and Karas shakes his dice again for next round

Troy: (I need to end this quick, next round I outta just CHEAT and get it done with... it's a good thing I never leave home without my LOADED DICE.)

Instead of rolling lower LUCK (7) to change one dice Troy can try to roll lower than his AGILITY (7) to sneak his Loaded Dice into the cup and change TWO dice (Troy's AGILITY (5) + 2 from [Smuggling 1].)

Troy needs to be inconspicuous, If you roll a 1 or 20 you will be caught cheating.

roll 5d6
>>
No. 821695 ID: 3ce125

rolled 2, 6, 1, 2, 5 = 16

>>821688
Okay.
>>
No. 821699 ID: 90f3c0

rolled 3, 4, 6, 5, 6 = 24

Rolling.
>>
No. 821700 ID: 90f3c0

rolled 12 = 12

>>821699
Change a 6 to a 2.
>>
No. 821707 ID: 7fad5d

rolled 3, 5, 5, 6, 1 = 20

>>821688
>If you roll a 1 or 20 you will be caught cheating.

>roll 5d6
Eh? But sure, worth a try.
>>
No. 821713 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 1, 5, 1, 3, 3 = 13

>>821688
>Cheat?
Not yet. Maybe later.

He's my roll. Hopefully, I won't fuck up this time!
>>
No. 821716 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 16 = 16

>>821713
Rolling for LUCK to change the 5 into a 1 for a Full House.
>>
No. 821717 ID: 91ee5f

>>821716
Damnit!
>>
No. 821721 ID: 8a947d
File 150241788064.png - (146.06KB , 1212x826 , Liars Dice 4.png )
821721

>rolled 1, 5, 1, 3, 3

You have Two Pair.

Karas re-rolls his dice and then reveals...

Karas: I've got Two Pair

>Tell Hand ?
>Bluff Hand ?
> Call his Hand ?
>Re-roll ?
>Fold ?
>>
No. 821727 ID: 3ce125

rolled 5, 4, 6, 1, 6 = 22

>>821721
Oh, maybe he *did* run out of luck? Like maybe his god gives him luck, but he has a limited supply.

Anyway, reroll. Since we get to pick the best roll out of a set of four or five we have a VERY good chance of having a better hand.
>>
No. 821729 ID: 3ce125

>>821727
Oh wait I shouldn't be rolling yet, should I? Heretic should I keep these rolls or roll again if reroll wins the vote?
>>
No. 821732 ID: 8a947d

>>821729
keep those rolls if the vote goes through.

Also you can still use the LUCK and CHEAT rolls if you re-roll
>>
No. 821733 ID: 90f3c0

rolled 1, 3, 6, 3, 1 = 14

He has a weak hand, and we only need one more win. Lets reroll.
>>
No. 821734 ID: 91ee5f

>>821721
>I've got Two Pair
I don't buy that, he could be bluffing low.

This is probably a dumb question but when he said we play 3 games, did he mean that we play until one of us wins 3 games or did he mean best 2 out of 3 wins?
>>821727
>reroll
Yes, let's reroll.
>>
No. 821736 ID: 90f3c0

rolled 13 = 13

>>821733
Rolling for luck to change the 6 to a 3.
>>
No. 821738 ID: 894beb

rolled 6, 4, 3, 6, 6 = 25

Let's see what we can do here...
>>
No. 821739 ID: 894beb

>>821738
Oohhh!!! Three of a kind!
>>
No. 821740 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 6, 2, 2, 6, 4 = 20

>>821734
Shit! I forgot to roll!
>>
No. 821746 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 12 = 12

>>821740
Rolling for LUCK to change the 4 into a 6 for a Full House.
>>
No. 821748 ID: 8a947d
File 150242050584.png - (150.97KB , 1212x826 , Liars Dice 5.png )
821748

Troy Re-roll's his dice.

>rolled 3, 4, 6, 6, 6

Troy has a Three of a Kind, enough to beat Karas' supposed Two Pair.

Karas yawns into his hand.

>Tell Hand ?
>Bluff Hand ?
>Call his Hand ?
>Fold ?
>>
No. 821752 ID: 3ce125

>>821748
Tell. I mean the rules are you have to use what you claim your hand is.
>>
No. 821758 ID: 91ee5f

>>821752
Does that mean that even if Karas' dice are actually higher than what he claimed they are, he has to use them as a 2 Pair and we'll end up beating him?

If that's the case, then I agree, let's Tell!
>>
No. 821764 ID: 173b46

>>821748
He wants us to bluff. Call his hand.
>>
No. 821765 ID: 3ce125

>>821764
If he's baiting a bluff (so that he can call it) then telling the truth will make him lose too... Calling his lowball hand would make sense if we didn't have something that could beat it.
>>
No. 821779 ID: 8a947d
File 150242428166.png - (68.93KB , 1212x826 , The Gambler 5.png )
821779

Before Troy can reveal his hand Karas interrupts.

Karas: Troy, my good friend... have you been cheating ? It would be incredibly disappointing to learn that this game was not a fair one.
>>
No. 821781 ID: 9c2d0c

>>821752
Is that the rules? I admit I am not sure what the strategy here is. I mean, this is not at ALL the Liar's Dice game I know.
>>
No. 821784 ID: be0718

Don't break character, respond in the negative. It's called Liar's Dice after all.
>>
No. 821786 ID: 91ee5f

>>821779
Watch your dice cup! He's making you look at him instead of your dice cup! If it starts glowing, then he might've done something to your dice!

"Nope, I didn't cheat at all. How about you? Did you cheat?"
>>
No. 821788 ID: fc33ea

Likewise. Three of a kind.
>>
No. 821790 ID: 8a947d
File 150242526580.png - (110.96KB , 1212x826 , The Gambler 6.png )
821790

Troy: I'm no cheater (a blatant lie but that's the name of the game)

Troy: I can't say the same about you though...

You keep your eye on your cup.

Karas: Well then, why not reveal your dice and show me you're such an upstanding game player.

You lift your cup at the same time Karas does...
>>
No. 821793 ID: 8a947d
File 150242547542.png - (86.43KB , 796x661 , The Gambler Dice.png )
821793

In the middle of the dice an extra die reading six sits, Troy recognizes it as his loaded die he kept in his sleeve, but there's no way it could get underneath the cup...

Troy: But...I never-

Karas takes the extra die and rolls it six times, it lands on 6 each time.

Karas: You know Troy I understand this is Liars Dice, but there's a limit to whats allowed and loaded dice are NOT allowed...
>>
No. 821794 ID: 094652

"@#$% you. You put that in my cup, and we both know it. What are the odds that a LOADED die would land DEAD CENTER, let alone your ability to identify it at a glance? Did you enchant the cups?"
>>
No. 821795 ID: 3ce125

>>821793
Tell him that he clearly planted that one, since he reached straight for it. That's his god power, the ability to teleport small objects. Or maybe even larger objects too.

Anyway it doesn't matter. That was the only loaded die in your cup, and the other ones still beat his hand. You won fair and square.
>>
No. 821796 ID: fc33ea

Cut the pageantry, I know you used some magical bullcrap to take the die from my sleeve. Look, I didn't even need to cheat.

Toss the die over your shoulder, nod to the remaining dice.
>>
No. 821797 ID: 91ee5f

>>821793
"Joke's on you, I still win. If I really was going to cheat, then I wouldn't make a stupid mistake like having 6 dice under my cup, there would've only been 5 dice there. Which means that you planted that there!"
>>
No. 821798 ID: 3ce125

Also he can't even claim your first winning hand was cheated since it didn't have a 6 in it.

He can't say "but I didn't see your dice" because you have to take the cup off the dice at the end to shake them again.
>>
No. 821799 ID: 91ee5f

>>821797
Meant to say, "Which means that you planted that 6th one in there!"
>>
No. 821800 ID: 8a947d
File 150242757620.png - (215.89KB , 1212x826 , Loser 1.png )
821800

Troy: Oh cut the crap! You planted that there and you know it !

Karas: How could I have possibly done that ? As you would know a Priest needs a charm or some sort of item to cast miracles with and I hold none here.

Troy: That don't even matter ! Look at the rest of the dice I still won!

Karas: The presence of a loaded die throws the whole spirit of the game off, the fact that you'd even carry that in your sleeve shows that I cannot trust you.

Troy: This is bullshit! You CHEATED !

Karas: Where is your proof? How do I know that your own cheat didn't just backfire on you?

Troy: Why you little- ACK!
>>
No. 821801 ID: 8a947d
File 150242767101.png - (380.78KB , 1212x826 , Loser 2.png )
821801

Bright blue light begins to fill the room.

Karas: to carry something so pedestrian as loaded dice ? this was your own fault.
>>
No. 821802 ID: 8a947d
File 150242777649.png - (123.72KB , 1212x826 , Loser 3.png )
821802

A card falls to the floor where Troy once stood.

Karas: Oh of course a Joker. An artless cheater becomes a completely useless card, are you sure you even want to play for this thing back Gallows ? I feel I'd be doing you a bigger favor by throwing it away...
>>
No. 821803 ID: 094652

Oh that's it. Get all your cards cured and

BUM RUSH THE WIZARD!!!
>>
No. 821805 ID: fc33ea

Don't talk about fairness when you make all the rules. That said I'll still beat you in any game.
>>
No. 821806 ID: 3ce125

>>821802
Tell him he is a liar, a cheat, and a wicked man.

>a priest needs a charm of some sort
Of course you have a charm, what priest walks around without one? Heck, you JUST USED MAGIC RIGHT THERE. You aren't even a good liar you piece of shit. Give us all your goddamn cards. RIGHT NOW.
>>
No. 821810 ID: 13fded

Get your Aether Sight ready. It seems the metagame will be figure out how does he cheat.
>>
No. 821814 ID: 91ee5f

>>821802
I'm going to repeat myself here.

"He's right you did cheat! If Troy was going to cheat, then he wouldn't have made a stupid mistake like having 6 dice under his cup! You would've only found 5 dice under there! You planted that 6th one under there and used that as a flimsy excuse to win! That's probably how you beat everyone in the first place! You're a sore loser and you'll do anything to win!"

Should we use Aether Sight?
>>
No. 821816 ID: 3ce125

>>821810
>Aether Sight
...I have an idea, but it depends on if Aether Sight can detect the Blue Baroness's bullets. We can play russian roulette. If Gallows can detect the magic bullet and get the priest's charm away from him so he can't teleport it right before he or Gallows pulls the trigger, we can just keep playing until he shoots himself. Obviously, spinning the chamber every turn so that it's not a "sure death in 6 turns" thing.
>>
No. 821830 ID: 91ee5f

>>821816
Good plan, but unfortunately, Gallows doesn't have enough blood in his system to do that and he'll faint from going to 20oz of blood or lower!
>>
No. 821838 ID: 3ce125

>>821830
Didn't we pick up a consumable item to refill it?
>>
No. 821841 ID: 91ee5f

>>821830
Actually, how about we just say, "Well, if you don't have a charm or something like that, then you can't prove that you're a Priest. Meaning you could be one of the shadowmen and you're using your voodoo bullshit right now!"
>>
No. 821843 ID: 8a947d
File 150243228988.png - (280.16KB , 1212x826 , The Gambler 7.png )
821843

You: WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? I think everyone here could tell that YOU cheated! Of course you'd cheat! why wouldn't you cheat? Your whole fucking job is to cheat people !

Karas: To be fair my job is to spread the faith of our pantheon and rid the world of heresy.

You: Shut up! Just shut the fuck up and let them go!

Karas: I'm only gonna give my cards up in a game.

You: And why shouldn't I just blow your fucking brains out right here!?

Karas: Unless we set our rules, make a deal, and play the game those cards will stay cards until I turn them back.

You: Yeah rules for you to just break again. How do I know you won't cheat !?

Karas: Unless you can figure out what I'm doing to cheat you have no proof, If you can correctly guess what my power does I'd be happy admit defeat but until then we have to play until you just get lucky.
>>
No. 821848 ID: 8a947d
File 150243265075.png - (245.68KB , 1212x826 , Russian Roulette.png )
821848

>>821816
You: Y'know what ? Fine. I got a game we can play.

You load one bullet into your Blue Baroness, the magic is radiant enough to see with your Aether Sight.

You: You know Russian Roulette yeah ? First guy to blow his fucking brains out loses.

Karas: Oh! Now this is interesting, you're really dead set on winning against me aren't you ? I'm down to play.

If you want this too work you'll need a way to get his charm away from him far enough so he won't be able to use it. He's gonna notice Issei moving behind him, what else can you do ?
>>
No. 821850 ID: 031add

I feel it would be best to correct yourself here the one who "blows his fucking brains out" loses, it seems petty I know but if his powers rely on particular phrasing he might try to use this as a final "Fuck you" in case he loses.
>>
No. 821854 ID: 3ce125

Okay, first off, I'm gonna say his charm is his hat, and his power is the ability to put unused game pieces in play wherever he wants them. The loaded die was able to be moved because it hadn't been rolled yet, but the other dice couldn't be moved-- that's why there were six dice there instead of a more convincing five. He could have still "caught" Troy by checking them all one by one, after all.

Tell him to ensure that neither of you can cheat, you both strip down to your skivvies. That'll get his hat away from him. Or heck, just tell him to take his hat off and put it by the door. He's indoors, after all. Wearing your hat indoors is rude.
>>
No. 821855 ID: 91ee5f

>>821843
>If you can correctly guess what my power does I'd be happy admit defeat
Wait, you mean your power isn't just turning people into cards?

>>821846
>First guy to blow his fucking brains out wins.
This isn't correct! The first person to blow their brains out is the loser!

Correct yourself before he actually ends up shooting himself, but he still wins and you get turned into a card anyways! And with him dead, good luck getting changed back!

>If you want this too work you'll need a way to get his charm away from him far enough so he won't be able to use it.
Well, you've gotta find his charm first! And if it's gotta be far enough away from him and he claims that he doesn't have one, then that means that it's probably not even on him right now! But his charm has to be somewhere nearby, either in this room or in the building!

And when you see it, whisper to Issei to go get it, while you and the Priest are playing the game.

But don't let Issei smash it, just in case it's needed to change everyone back to normal! Just tell him to grab it and move away from the priest to take away his powers!
>>
No. 821857 ID: 91ee5f

>>821854
>Tell him to ensure that neither of you can cheat, you both strip down to your skivvies.
Wouldn't that mean that Gallows has to take his bandages off too? I think keeping his body markings hidden is something he's supposed to do. Also, I'm not entirely sure he's got underwear on under those bandages!

>Wearing your hat indoors is rude.
That includes Issei, doesn't it?

>It's his hat.
Now that I think about it, he was using his hat as his dice cup earlier wasn't he?

.....well, let's just get it over with and use Aether Sight to at least see his charm!
>>
No. 821858 ID: 173b46

His charms are the cups themselves. When he yawned into his hand, he was actually casting a spell.
>>
No. 821860 ID: 02d8f4

"Take off your hat... I'll remove my bandages..."
>>
No. 821863 ID: fe7355

Whoa, hold up a moment! There's a big flaw in this game plan! If Karas loses, he'll be DEAD, meaning he won't be able to turn the cards back into people! It's a lose-lose situation for us, just with more lose one way than the other! We can't go through with this!
>>
No. 821870 ID: 094652

>>821863
Then take turns shooting your dicks.
>>
No. 821874 ID: 3ce125

>>821863
My understanding is that by shooting himself he loses and the loss conditions apply. Or the victory conditions. We just have to make sure the loss/victory conditions revert all the cards. Even the ones he isn't carrying. Though I'd also accept "all the cards he's created today".
>>
No. 821883 ID: 9876c4

Gallows, if you know revolvers, you have a slight edge.
A loaded chamber is heaver than an empty one, so a spun cylinder tends to fire on the 3rd or 4th shot.
>>
No. 821887 ID: 91ee5f

>>821863
Then try to guess what his power is and we'll instantly win!
>>
No. 821889 ID: 9876c4

>>821883
Mostly depending on whether it spins counter or clockwise, of course.
>>
No. 821892 ID: 2971bc

Ooh.
Both must play naked as a stipulation.
Issei van hold the clothes at a distance
>>
No. 821899 ID: 91ee5f

Wait, I just thought of something. It's a long shot, but I think it's worth a try!

Hey, Gallows, remember when that preacher took your eye? He was trying to convert you, right? Since these Priests have multiple gods, that preacher probably listed off a few gods' names and what they're the god of, to give you a choice of what god you could serve if you converted and joined them.

Do you remember any of the names of those gods and what powers they can grant? Because that might help narrow down who Karas' god is and will also help you guess what Karas' powers are!

.....I hope.
>>
No. 821915 ID: 8a947d
File 150248324998.png - (268.97KB , 1212x826 , Russian Roulette 2.png )
821915

>>821899
No, they just ripped your fucking eye out. Maybe if you actually converted you'd know.

You: Now that I think about it...how will the cards turn back into people after you're dead ?

Karas: Well since the losing condition is me dying, the second I die you will be recognized as winner and the cards will return to their previous state.

You: And...one last thing, take your hat off.

Karas: ...Uh, what for ?

You: We're indoors, you don't need a hat on do you ?

Karas: ...Heh, alright fine.

Karas places his hat on the counter.

Karas: Now then, who'll be going first ?

You have no idea if you've for certain removed his charm from his body, that hat might not be it. It occurs to you that the best way to keep your brains where they belong may be to cheat a little bit, if you're smart enough you might be able to activate a summon pack stealthily and use that if you need to.

roll for INTELLIGENCE (11 + 5 from [Summoning 2]) to summon something to cheat with.
>>
No. 821917 ID: 02d8f4

rolled 16 + 16 = 32

Let's see what we can do.
>>
No. 821919 ID: 486e87

Er, we only have combat summon packs, flagellum and a vanguard. Neither of those would be useful less you want to shoot him right now.

If >>821883 is right, the risk is with chamber 3 or 4, so him first, then you, then he risks it on chamber 3? IDK.
>>
No. 821924 ID: 91ee5f

>>821915
>You have no idea if you've for certain removed his charm from his body, that hat might not be it.
You could use Aether Sight to look at him and his hat real quick. Then you can see if he still has his charm or not.

>Summon something.
Like >>821919 said, we only have combat summon packs and neither of them would help! If only we had a summon pack for a Cerebral Gnat, then we could control him and make him shoot himself! .....that probably wouldn't have worked anyways.

I was thinking we could try aiming the gun at our head, with Karas in the line of fire, and then sneezing, which would make Gallows' head jerk out of the way and he'd pull the trigger and shoot at Karas. Karas will either get shot or deflect it with his charm.

Then again, if >>821854 is right about Karas' power, then Karas can just move one of our other 2 bullets into the current chamber of the gun on Gallows' turn and then Gallows would get shot.
>>
No. 821927 ID: dd4df2

>>821917

Hm. No.

Toss everything you have away from you but the gun. Say these are things you could've potentially used to cheat, but aren't. This is to ensure you aren't 'violating' the spirit of the game so he can't pull any of that bullshit he did with Troy.

Tell him you will be using Aether Sight to see the bullet in the gun. Tell him this is to ensure that he doesn't cheat. Say there's no violation of the spirit of the game. It doesn't matter if you can see the bullet, after all - this is russian roulette. If you get the bullet, you'll damn well bite it, too, regardless if you know it's coming or not.

Declare you'll let him have the first shot - giving him less odds to be shot, an advantage, he's got no reason to complain there.

Spin the chamber. Look at the chamber. Look at Karas. Regardless of whether the bullet is there or not, ask him if he's finally ready to go to hell.
>>
No. 821934 ID: 3ce125

>>821915
No don't cheat with a summon, what the hell? You saw what happened to Troy. If you summon something he'll be able to tell because HE'S A PRIEST. Remove all summon items from your possession so that he can't plant them in play, and have Issei cart them to the other side of the room. Heck, have him grab the hat too. I'd like to play it safe and get him to take off his robe (and you take off your coat) so that neither of you could be hiding anything up your sleeves.
>>
No. 821935 ID: 3ce125

Oh, and after you get the hat away from him, spin the cylinder until the bullet is in the firing chamber then have him go first. If he moves the bullet then we'll know he still has his charm somehow. If he doesn't then he's dead.
>>
No. 821942 ID: 91ee5f

Well, if we're removing things, then the mst important things to remove will be the extra 2 Blue Baroness bullets.

In fact, make sure those extra bullets are far enough away from you, it'll be impossible for him to move one into the gun on his turn and claim you cheated by adding an extra bullet! And so he can't move it into an empty chamber on your turn to make you shoot yourself!

Let's ask Issei to hold onto btw of those extra 2 bullets in his hand, then he can feel if one of them suddenly disappears!

It's a good thing we're using the Blue Baroness! Since it requires rare hard to find ammo, he can't just put in a random bullet!
>>
No. 821952 ID: dd4df2

>>821935

No. Again, this is cheating. Spin once and keep an Aether Eye on both Karas and the gun. If you catch him cheating, by his own rules, he's lost.

I think the way to beat Karas is to remove any option he has to cheat the odds, or catch him at doing it. Furthermore, he seems to chicken out if he doesn't have an easy way to win, and as a guy used to winning all the time, he doesn't seem prepared to face actual risk.

We won in Soul Poker by being the BETTER player (which was that crit) and that made him just out and out lose all taste for the game. He folded against Troy's bluff, too. Karas is not all-knowing. He just has something that helps him, so let's give it -no- opportunity to do that and give him every reason to believe he's facing pure sheer X/6 odds to die.

He'll chicken when he realizes he's cornered, or try to cheat in an obvious manner and lose the game.
>>
No. 821961 ID: dd4df2

>>821952

And on that note, don't let Karas trick you into looking away for even a second.
>>
No. 821962 ID: 3ce125

>>821952
You're suggesting we don't cheat with Aether Sight? Just use it to catch him cheating? In that case we want him to keep his charm, not try to take it away from him.
>>
No. 821973 ID: 8a947d
File 150249138534.png - (254.90KB , 1212x826 , Russian Roulette 3.png )
821973

You: Issei, take my stuff. I'm not going to cheat using anything I have on me.

Issei: are you sure gallows ? not even going to try if you need to ?

Karas: Your tall friend is right cheating isn't the issue, getting caught is and you're much smarter than your friend was. This may be honorable, but it's mostly stupid- hey wait! how come he gets to wear his hat inside ?

You: Shut up you! And listen Issei, I got this.

Issei: Whatever you say...
>>
No. 821977 ID: 8a947d
File 150249171814.png - (141.36KB , 1212x826 , Russian Roulette Showdown.png )
821977

You give Karas the Blue Baroness. Now that you think about it you aren't very sure using Aether Sight will win this for you, if you tell him you can see his bullet in his gun he will accuse you of cheating. Unless you can one hundred percent tell him what his ability does, you'll be screwed. You'll have to pay close attention

You'll need to pass 3 PERCEPTION + 10 rolls (Success = 25) activating Aether Sight will give you +5 to Perception. rolling 20 will count as passing two PERCEPTION rolls

Karas is about to take his turn. roll for PERCEPTION
>>
No. 821982 ID: 02d8f4
821982

rolled 16 + 10 = 26

Here's for one then...
>>
No. 821983 ID: 02d8f4

>>821982
One success!
>>
No. 821985 ID: 9876c4

Here goes mutton.
>>
No. 821986 ID: 9876c4

rolled 11 + 10 = 21

>>821985
Error. Leaving the original post, to show I'm not cheating.
>>
No. 821988 ID: dd4df2

rolled 10 + 10 = 20

>>821977

Well shit. My plan explicitly hinged on explaining Aether Sight ahead of time to make it clear that its nature wouldn't count as cheating, since nothing it does changes the outcome of the game. Now it might be argued that it's cheating.

Hrm. Fuck. We're already not doing it and he'll certainly sense pagan magics if we activate it. Ergh. Guess we go in blind this first round.

We might want to keep our options open for the second round, though.
>>
No. 821991 ID: dd4df2

>>821986
>>821988

Aand both of those would've been a success had we used it. Ah well. Hindsight.
>>
No. 821992 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 2 + 10 = 12

Rolling!
>>
No. 821994 ID: 094652

rolled 19, 1, 18 = 38

Meanwhile in another dimension, Hore is putting the moves on Esmeraude. Hopefully her current mental abstract construct with cyan aristocracy won't directly siphon instinctual calculations away from her and into a corpse-worshipping scar-covered cultist... right?

Rolling 3d20, this roll will directly influence PDNTTO Thread 6.
>>
No. 821996 ID: 8a947d
File 150249281779.png - (142.78KB , 1212x826 , Russian Roulette Showdown 2.png )
821996

>rolled 16 + 10 = 26
(SUCCESS)

Karas squeezes the trigger...nothing.

Your turn.

Roll 1d6 and don't roll a 1. If you do, roll a d20 and try to roll a 7 or less than 7
>>
No. 821997 ID: 91ee5f

>>821992
MOTHER FUCKER!!!!! DX

>>821973
>hey wait! how come he gets to wear his hat inside?
Just tell him, "Believe me, I've tried to take it off, it won't come off! I think he glued it to his head for some reason."
>>
No. 822002 ID: dd4df2

rolled 2 = 2

>>821996

Banzai!
>>
No. 822005 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 5 = 5

>>821996
>Roll 1d6 and don't roll a 1.
Oh? New roll!
>>
No. 822006 ID: 02d8f4

>>822002
We're clear!
>>
No. 822007 ID: dd4df2

rolled 17 + 10 = 27

>>822002

Oh good. I haven't killed Gallows yet. Percepting.
>>
No. 822010 ID: 9876c4

rolled 8 + 10 = 18

perceiving...
>>
No. 822011 ID: 02d8f4

>>822007
Nice job! That's another success!
>>
No. 822012 ID: 8a947d
File 150249334348.png - (141.60KB , 1212x826 , Russian Roulette Showdown 3.png )
822012

>rolled 2 = 2

You pull the trigger, nothing. You give the gun to Karas he spins the chamber and puts the barrel to his head.

rolled 17 + 10 = 27
(SUCCESS)

You watch him carefully he looks a little worried at first but he quickly shakes it off. he pulls the trigger and nothing.

Its your turn once again.

roll 1d6
>>
No. 822014 ID: dd4df2

rolled 3 = 3

>>822012

Let it be.
>>
No. 822015 ID: dd4df2

rolled 5 + 10 = 15

>>822014

And it was.
>>
No. 822017 ID: 094652

>>821996
... Wait a minute.

Karas pulled the trigger on himself. That means there are FIVE remaining chambers in your pistol (unless it's a seven-shooter). If the odds of selecting the single bullet from a total of six chambers in a fair game given that the trigger has been pulled a single time are 1 in 5, then why are we asked to roll a d6? (d5 is legit with computer pseudorandom functions)

After your turn, declare new rules: you spin the barrel and FIRE AT YOUR OPPONENT WHILE IT IS SPINNING. If Karas has cantrip teleportation powers, let's see him teleport a MOVING TARGET.
>>
No. 822019 ID: 91ee5f

>>822017
No, bad Kome! Don't make me get the spray bottle!
>>
No. 822020 ID: 094652

rolled 13 = 13

>>822012
PERCEPTION
>>
No. 822023 ID: 8d4593

rolled 17 + 10 = 27

Perceive
>>
No. 822024 ID: 9876c4

rolled 4 + 10 = 14

>>822017
In this instance, the cylinder is spun each time. This is not wrong.
>>
No. 822029 ID: 02d8f4

rolled 1 + 10 = 11

Perception check.
>>
No. 822048 ID: 8a947d
File 150249761724.png - (243.77KB , 1212x826 , The Showdown 1.png )
822048

>rolled 3 = 3
One more time you pull the trigger, and nothing comes out

>rolled 17 + 10 = 27
(Success)

Before you give Karas the gun you piece together how he could be cheating.

You: Karas. You've been cheating this whole game.

Karas: Oh? That's quite a bold claim. Tell me, how can you be so sure?

Give your final guess for how you think Karas has been cheating, you win even if you guess wrong.
>>
No. 822055 ID: dd4df2

>>822048

My guess is that he's removed the bullet every time and re-inserted it before handing the gun back. The reason why? The gun's always been held tilted at an angle - it's to make it easier to draw the bullet out of the chamber.

The question is whether it's impressive sleight of hand or some kind of priestly telekinesis - they've displayed that stuff before - remember floaty priestess?

Either way... we got him dead to rights.
>>
No. 822057 ID: 12ac2d

During the game with troy, he yawned before suddenly finding an extra die. This game he pulled his sleeves up and had his left hand clenched the whole time.
I think he had a charm in his sleeve but moved it to his hand for this game.
>>
No. 822058 ID: fc33ea

>>822057
I think it was in his hat- he held it from the bottom when he gave it to us and he's probably palming it now.
>>
No. 822061 ID: 9876c4

>>822057
Seems more likely to me he's been transposing the bullet to his closed hand when he fires.

But I dunno for sure.
>>
No. 822063 ID: 13fded

His brief nervousness during the second attempt indicate he knew he was about to lose and altered the result.
He can see hidden game elements he control or hold on his hand, that is how he knew his dices without looking and why his game of choice was blackjack. He can't, however, see game elements belonging to his adversaries or on their hands, that is why he didn't knew if Gallows and Troy were bluffing.
He can move game pieces around, like Troy's dice. And he can either detect cheating or was able to notice the dice by normal means.

His divinity must be one associated with gambling. That doesn't fit well with a church who seem decided to ban every fun thing that there is.
My guest is that he isn't a priest, or he isn't just a priest, he is a prophet.
>>
No. 822065 ID: 3ce125

...yeah he has a small charm that he's been hiding by moving it from place to place. He's a magician on top of a priest, real good at sleight of hand. Heck, I wonder... did he ever use his power to cheat? Maybe he's always been using sleight of hand. Or maybe he had to use it partially to get at Troy's die? Kindof hard to get at a sleeve-hidden item without the person noticing. Without seeing most of the details of them moving around and what his hands are doing it's really hard to say!

Palming cards would let him cheat at poker and blackjack really easily, that's for sure.
>>
No. 822088 ID: 8a947d
File 150250663203.png - (113.39KB , 1212x826 , The Showdown 2.png )
822088

You: You've been using your power to cheat both with Troy and now with me!

You: The same power that you use to turn people into cards.

You: When you were playing with Troy he said he hid his loaded dice up his sleeve. It would be one thing if the die fell out of his sleeve and onto the table but that would be obvious to everyone watching, and it wouldn't explain how it got into the cup.

You: I don't know the name for your power, the best I can come up with is some sort of matter manipulation.

Karas: Matter Manipulation ? That's the best you've got ?

You: The same way you warp people into cards, you can warp other objects into different shapes. You warped Troy's sleeve so the dice would fall out of it and onto the cup, then warped the cup so the die would fall in with the rest.
>>
No. 822089 ID: 8a947d
File 150250672547.png - (87.82KB , 997x512 , The Showdown 3.png )
822089

You: And I know for a fact that you warped the metal in the gun so if the bullet was in the chamber it would fall down to the bottom one.
>>
No. 822095 ID: 8a947d
File 150250710166.png - (137.45KB , 1212x826 , The Showdown 4.png )
822095

You: And of course a Priest couldn't do all this without his charm. Your charm wasn't your hat like I had previously though, but rather the dice you were rolling with Troy. At least one of your dice is your charm.

Karas: B-but I haven't been holding it at all! my sleeves are rolled up and my hats off I couldn't use my charm!

You: Sure maybe, but I get this feeling. If you can warp the material of other peoples outfits maybe you can warp your own clothes too, so the next place that would make the most sense for you to hide it would be in your shoe. The left one.

You: So...why not take of your shoe and prove me right ?

Karas: I...I...You can't be serious, this is all speculation! You have no concrete evidence of any of this!
>>
No. 822097 ID: 894beb

>>822095
"Then take off your shoes..."
>>
No. 822098 ID: 9876c4

Maybe. but I will not spend my last moments being cheated by my own gun.

If you've really got the favor of the gods, you've got nothing to fear...
>>
No. 822099 ID: 91ee5f

>>822095
>I...I...You can't be serious, this is all speculation! You have no concrete evidence of any of this!
"Your hesitation proves that I'm right. Because if I was wrong, you would've immediately taken your shoe off to show me that I'm wrong. So why are you so nervous if I'm wrong?"
>>
No. 822100 ID: fc33ea

Take the gun and rotate the exposed cylinder in demonstration, or tell him to pull the trigger while the gun's upside down.
>>
No. 822101 ID: 3ce125

>>822088
Hmm, that picture looks like he's holding the cup in the air but I'm guessing it's actually when he was pressing the cup against the table?
...I'm not sure how manipulating the shape of objects would let him cheat at blackjack, anyway.

>>822095
If he moved the bullet, would there be any evidence of that? Like, would the bullet have rotated in the chamber, and you remember how it was originally oriented? Or are the chambers marked, and now it's in a different chamber?
I mean, otherwise you're gonna have to force him to take off his shoe... physically, even. I wonder, would the charm cause a bulge in the shoe? Could you just straight up see it without taking his shoe off?
>>
No. 822111 ID: 094652

"If you broke the wards on the most expensive gun I own, I will shoot you to death with every OTHER weapon in my arsenal. Now take off your clothes, Mister Enslaves-People-As-Living-Trophies."
>>
No. 822118 ID: 91ee5f

When we finally get him caught, let's pull a Joseph Joestar on him! XD

Gallows: "The next thing you're going to say is, 'How is this possible?! How did a worthless Pagan like you figure out my powers?!'"

Karas: "How is this possible?! How did a worthless Pagan like you figure out my powers?! .....! Wait, how'd you know I was going to say that?!"
>>
No. 822119 ID: 8a947d
File 150251388151.png - (221.78KB , 1212x826 , The Showdown 5.png )
822119

Karas: This means nothing! I don't have to show you ANYTHING!

You: You're right...I don't have anything I need to see, because deep down you know you've been caught.

Karas: W-wait!
>>
No. 822120 ID: 8a947d
File 150251390971.png - (78.62KB , 1212x826 , The Real Loser.png )
822120

Karas: AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
No. 822121 ID: 8a947d
File 150251396230.png - (126.46KB , 1212x826 , The Real Loser 2.png )
822121

Karas' card falls to the floor along with a small yellow die, his charm.
>>
No. 822122 ID: 894beb

>>822121
HA! Quite the fitting card. Might as well take it and his charm too. Now, how about the others? Have they all been restored or what?
>>
No. 822124 ID: fc33ea

Roasted by his own charm. Better pick that die up and start turning people back by the way- Did he have all the 'cards' he collected with him? They didn't transform with him, did they?

Damn shame it says that though, If you could put that in a hat it'd give any priest pause for thought before messing with you- to the uninitiated it'd just be strange fashion sense, but anyone who knew about him? It might as well be a head on a pike. Too bad you can't walk around with 'looser' plastered on your forehead.

We should totally try to sell the idea to Troy though. It'll be hilarious.
>>
No. 822125 ID: 80f23f

One last bet for Karas.

Mail him to the church with a smorgasbord of poorly doctored porn pics involving Karas greedily slurping the ^&*( from a horse while holding a "I would @#$% the gods this way" sign, and other such heretical extremities.

I doubt they'll burn him... but that's a risk he'll have to take.
>>
No. 822126 ID: f009c0

Bloody brilliant. Now the priest can't even narc on Luuc's place. Check up on everyone, see if they're okay. Tell Troy how the priest screwed him, and show him how screwed the priest ended up in turn. Then have a well-deserved drink.
>>
No. 822132 ID: 031add

Draw a noose around his neck then mail it to the church. Let them know Gallows is not to be messed with.
>>
No. 822134 ID: 91ee5f

>>822121
I hope everyone has been turned back to normal! Check the room to see if everyone is back to normal!

Should we anonymously mail him to the priests, with a personal warning from Gallows to not fuck with him again, and where they might possibly change him back/kill him anyways because they don't need failures in their group or should we rip up his card, so that there's no chance in hell that he'll ever come back? Don't make this decision yourself, announce it to the entire room and have them decide his fate, since they were all victims in his sick game.

And if the entire bar votes to kill him, then don't argue with them and tear his card up!

Of course, after what happened here, everyone in the room will see that the Priests aren't as great as they claim. This event might even start an uprising to overthrow the church! .....meh, don't hold your breath for that happening.
>>
No. 822137 ID: 91ee5f

>>822134
Wait, let's add insult to injury here! He said that Jokers are useless cards, so let's write the word Joker on his card!
>>
No. 822138 ID: 3ce125

>>822121
I bet Ana will pay a pretty penny for both these items.

Speaking of which, she should be popping up about now, along with everyone else. Say hi, and ask if anyone's up for a round of blackjack!
>>
No. 822140 ID: 91ee5f

>>822138
After what happened here, I'm pretty sure no one's going to want to look at and/or touch a deck of cards for a long time!
>>
No. 822141 ID: 91ee5f

>>822140
In Troy's case, it'll be the same except it's dice instead of cards.
>>
No. 822149 ID: 3ce125

>>822140
I know, it's a joke.
>>
No. 822150 ID: 91ee5f

>>822149
I know it's a joke. I'm just predicting how everyone is going to react to it.
>>
No. 822164 ID: 8a947d
File 150252894108.png - (204.50KB , 1212x826 , The House Always Wins 1.png )
822164

>Mail card to church.
>Send a message.

You honestly don't think attracting anymore attention from the church is such a good idea. For now you'll just hang onto it, see how he likes being carried around like a trophy.

Troy reappears from his card.

Troy: *GASP!* I FUCKING HATE PRIESTS!

You: Hey welcome to the club buddy.
>>
No. 822165 ID: 8a947d
File 150252951275.png - (162.74KB , 1212x826 , The House Always Wins 2.png )
822165

More of the card's turn back into people and slowly fill the room, out of the group you see Ada...god she's short, you don't think you've seen out from behind that counter before.

Ada: Wha-? Oh! Where is he ? That gratska vorka! dovika mortish epsek di mida!

You: Ada?

Ada: Roland! Where is that Priest ? How did we get out ?
>>
No. 822166 ID: 8a947d
File 150252969311.png - (205.34KB , 1212x826 , The House Always Wins 3.png )
822166

You: I took care of him.

You wave the card in front of her.

You: You wouldn't happen to want to purchase this would you ?

Ada: And get caught with a missing priest in my possession, yes I would have a lot of fun explain that to any official who enters my shop!

Ada:... but I do appreciate you helping me! And all of these other people. If you were not here at the right time we would be in a lot of trouble!
>>
No. 822167 ID: 094652

>>822166
Smooch now or for the next month hold your peace.
>>
No. 822169 ID: 3583d1

>>822166
"I'm just glad you are okay, I don't think I could live with myself if I let something bad happen to you..."
Then hug, kiss if appropriate...
>>
No. 822173 ID: 3ce125

rolled 14 + 7 = 21

Tell her you couldn't let him ruin two of your favorite places to visit. Did she know she turned into a queen of hearts? Appropriate.
Rolling for charm to come up with a better flirty/romantic line, all the other things I can think of are too corny to be taken seriously.

Also don't forget that mystery item you got that she might be interested in.
>>
No. 822174 ID: 3ce125

Oh, I thought of an awesome thing to do with the card. Put it in your hat, hidden behind the card you usually use. Tape them together or something for security's sake. Displaying such a trophy hidden in plain sight is the biggest fuck-you to the church I can think of.
>>
No. 822178 ID: 348b52

I need a drink now. Care to join?
After we check on your shop, of course.
>>
No. 822185 ID: 9876c4

>>822174
I like wearing him around, in plain sight or not.
>>
No. 822202 ID: 91ee5f

>>822166
Explain that you were looking for her. Then explain that he taunted you by saying, "Guess my power and you win." And, after a risky game of Russian Roulette, you figured out his power, which let him cheat everyone and how he easily turned the entire bar into a bunch of cards. Then say, "I guess he wasn't expecting his own power would work on him also."

If she asks why you were looking for her in the first place, don't tell her or show her the Weird Spare Part here. Wait until you get to the privacy of her shop to tell or show it to her. Just don't get your hopes up of it being what she's looking for.

>Not going to buy Karas from you.
I guess that means she won't buy his charm either.

>>822174
>>822185
>Wear Karas like a trophy.
Were you guys not paying attention?

Roland said that he doesn't want to attract anymore attention from the church because it's not such a good idea! Wearing Karas counts as attracting attention!
>>
No. 822211 ID: fc33ea

Unfortunately your mouth is too covered in bandages to kiss. Hug instead.

>>822174
>>822185
Guys, we should be convincing Troy to walk around with a card that says 'looser' taped to his head. He won't be having any of it and it'll be hilarious.
>>
No. 822218 ID: 18e9f1

Can Issei eat the card? Maybe it somehow works as well as a rotten person? (of course, you have to whisper to him, or we could wait until we are in a more private place).

Well, introduce your companions to Ada, and also compliment her hat.
>>
No. 822225 ID: 8d4593

We still have a machine part in our inventory right?
See if she could use that.
>>
No. 822234 ID: 8a947d
File 150257383904.png - (173.44KB , 1212x826 , The House Always Wins 4.png )
822234

You: You're okay right ?

Ada: A little shaken but yes, I'm not hurt at all.

You hug Ada, it's a little sudden but you feel its appropriate. She's surprised at first but hugs you back.

You: I was...worried.

Ada: It is over now, nothing to be worried about anymore.
>>
No. 822236 ID: 8a947d
File 150257420544.png - (313.65KB , 1212x826 , The House Always Wins 5.png )
822236

Luucc: Roland! That was amazing!

You: I didn't really do that much.

Luucc: Getting rid of a Priest is a pretty big deal! I didn't think they were THIS bad...

You: They get worse, but enough about that.

Some of the free'd victims empty the bar while some stay and cheer you one over your victory. Sitting down to order a drink sounds like a good idea, especially if it means getting to talk more with Ada.
>>
No. 822237 ID: 3abd97

Hell yes, you're getting a drink.

Use the priest card as a coaster.
>>
No. 822239 ID: 3583d1

>>822234
Well then sit down and have a chat with her!

"I'm glad to know you are okay. I cant bear to imagine some priest taking you as a trophy!"
>>
No. 822242 ID: f6faa8

Actually, it occurs to me that some of those cardsons might have been brainwashed / indoctrinated to notify the church authorities in the event that Karas was defeated.

You might want to run.
>>
No. 822244 ID: 3373e2

Order a drink but make the celebration a bit quick.
>>
No. 822245 ID: fc33ea

How long do you think he was collecting? Are there people not taken from the bar still around?
>>
No. 822246 ID: 91ee5f

>>822236
Yeah, getting a drink sounds great.

"Hey, Troy, good news, more free drinks!"

Karas said he came here because of a rumor of Roland coming here. Maybe we shouldn't be coming here as often as we have been. Which means fewer visits to Ada's shop also.

>Ada's height.
WOAH!!! You weren't kidding! I know you said she was short, but I didn't think she was that short!
>>
No. 822268 ID: 8a947d
File 150258178115.png - (142.90KB , 819x634 , A Moment in a Bar.png )
822268

You decide a moment to rest a little more is nice, you take a seat at the from counter and Ada sits next to you.

Ada: My! Was the big showdown between you and that priest so bad ? You look very tired.

You: I've kinda had a rough few days. Mutant fish and priest's don't mix.

Ada: "Mutant Fish" ? Is that some sort of pagan saying ?

You: No it's a whole thing I tell ya about it later. Honestly I don't think I would have been as worried If you weren't trapped by that guy too.

Ada: That is nice to hear! I am glad I've made such an impact on you that you would care about my safety.

Ada: You know, when you told me about all of the things you have done, that sand worm, the voodoo men, New Olmec, I was not sure if any of it was true. I thought maybe he is just making things up to seem interesting, but after you took down a priest I'm beginning to think some of it is true.
>>
No. 822269 ID: 9876c4

Tell her you like to keep her guessin'.

Blush furiously under your bandages. Wonder when that drink's gonna get here.
>>
No. 822275 ID: 91ee5f

>>822268
>Making things up.
"Nah, if I was making things up I woulda told you a story about knife legged zombie dogs! .....although, at the rate I keep running into weird shit, it's only a matter of time until I run into actual knife legged zombie dogs!"

>>822269
>Blush furiously under your bandages.
No, you're doing it wrong.

He's blushing so hard it can be seen through his bandages!
>>
No. 822276 ID: 3abd97

>>822268
There was that time I ran around setting up smuggling and an underground bar in a dress, too.
>>
No. 822278 ID: 91ee5f

>>822276
*insert someone mentioning Roland's feminine curves here*
>>
No. 822283 ID: 3583d1

>>822268
"Yeah I've been on some wacky adventures but I don't think I've heard too much about yours. Any interesting stories to tell? I'll tell you one if you tell me one of yours."
>>
No. 822286 ID: efcc58

Bring up the machine part you bought.
>>
No. 822329 ID: 8a947d
File 150259824177.png - (163.43KB , 819x634 , A Moment in a Bar 2.png )
822329

You: If I was really making stuff up I'd tell you sometime stupid like... I don't know fighting knife legged zombie dogs.

Ada: It sounds like at the rate you are going you will end up fighting one, of all the things you have told me about zombie dogs seem the most believable.

You: Well also this little speakeasy is open because of me. I showed up and talked Luucc into opening it.

Luucc: Yeah I remember! I came in in that dress

Ada: Dress?

You: H-he...uhhh, He means I came in dressed up weird. Yeah. You know...I've told you a lot about me but I've never heard anything about you.

Ada: Oh there's not much for me to talk about. Well... Lemme see...
>>
No. 822330 ID: 8a947d
File 150259860180.png - (184.98KB , 819x634 , A Moment in a Bar 3.png )
822330

Ada: Oh! I have blown up a church facility before!

You:...WHAT?

Ada: Well I mean I HELPED blow it up, we had a small team go out to get rid of a church outpost getting too close to our city.

Ada: I have told you before I live in The Unter and how we have perfected mixing magic and technology right ? Well we have been doing our best to avoid letting the church discover where the Unter is so they cannot steal our techniques.

Ada: And sometimes that involves blowing up a building or two.
>>
No. 822336 ID: 3ce125

That's pretty awesome. Any chance she could slide a few of those explosions your way when you need them?
>>
No. 822341 ID: 91ee5f

>>822329
>Dress?
"Uhh, i-it was a disguise! Yeah, I was in a disguise because I had broken out of the prison tower here in Itsdin."

>>822330
>Blew up Church buildings.
"Wow! That's really cool!"
>>
No. 822349 ID: 3583d1

>>822330
Daaaayumnn woman! That call for a toast!
>>
No. 822351 ID: fc33ea

Look at her with adoring eyes. Storytime?
>>
No. 822359 ID: 8a947d
File 150261084843.png - (248.67KB , 1212x826 , A Moment in a Bar 4.png )
822359

You: Even if that's the only interesting thing you've done it's still pretty big! Honestly anybody that blows up anything that belongs to the church is alright to me!

Ada: The people of the Unter have always covertly kept the Regent Church at bay with sneak attacks and spy networks.

You: You don't think you could pass some explosives of to me could ya ? having a little extra against them would be useful.

Ada: I would love to help you but again I cannot pass off Arcamagika to an outsider. That is what we call the fusion of technology and magic, the government of the Unter is extremely paranoid about the Church getting any of it...

Ada: Maybe if I talk to them I can set something up but I am not sure. My hands are sort of tied as you say. Besides you can try to buy things from me when we are back at my shop.
>>
No. 822360 ID: 094652

Speaking of which, I found this spare part that might work with arcamagika. How much is it worth?
>>
No. 822361 ID: 91ee5f

>>822359
>Ada's drink.
.....note to self, never challenge Ada to a drinking contest!

>Besides you can try to buy things from me when we are back at my shop.
She's right, wait until you get back to her shop before you start talking about that Weird Spare Part you got. Because right now is drinking time!

Besides, trying to do business with her while she's on her break is a good way to annoy her, so waiting until we're back at her shop is the best thing we can do right now!
>>
No. 822362 ID: 3583d1

>>822359
>Ada's drink
DAAAAAYUUUMNN THIS IS MY KINDA GIRL!!!

Anyway speaking of cool artifacts and your shop I did find some cool new stuff if you are interested, but right now I'd rather enjoy your company
>>
No. 822363 ID: 3ce125

Tell her about the cool summon that was in the fiddle she sold you!
>>
No. 822380 ID: 98106b

So can we use that dice or should we just pass it of to Ada
>>
No. 822381 ID: 8d4593

>>822380
She doesn't want it.

The pagans at the colony might know what to do with it.
>>
No. 822386 ID: fc33ea

>>822380
I say give it to troy.
>>
No. 822404 ID: 91ee5f

>>822386
He might just rip the card and kill Karas. Not that that's a bad thing.

Although, I wonder if Troy can use Karas' charm? It might help him smuggle things.

Then again, I'm not sure if the charm can only be used by Karas or not. And if Troy can use it, it probably won't give him the same power Karas had. But it might let Troy do something new with his ice powers.
>>
No. 822410 ID: 8a947d
File 150265723523.png - (233.70KB , 1212x826 , A Moment in a Bar 5.png )
822410

You go through two more drinks while Ada downs three more of equal or greater size than the first one, Ada doesn't seem phased by the large amount of alcohol she's ingested. Soon enough your conversation devolves into banter about little things, not exactly thoughtful and deep but nice nonetheless. Troy is ,surprisingly, playing dice in a corner table and Issei is no where to be seen.

You: Ada, whats the Unter like ?

Ada: Well...It is bright, but I guess it has to be if it is underground. It is very big but also very crowded, and mushrooms grow everywhere.

You: Sounds like a weird place to live.

Ada: Yes but it is definitely not a bad place to live. The people were friendly and I did not have to worry about being turned into a playing card by some crazy man.

Ada: I left because after a while you get bored of the same place for too long, but sometimes I miss the Unter. I still call my friends and family from time to time but I think sooner or later I will go back to visit.

Ada: Oh my, I should be opening up the shop soon. Do you want to head back with me ?
>>
No. 822411 ID: 3583d1

Hell yes we do
>>
No. 822418 ID: 91ee5f

>>822410
"Sure, let's go."

Make sure you tell Troy that you're leaving and where you're going, so that he can catch up with you later. That way Troy can keep playing his game.

Issei will probably find you by following your scent with his sense of smell.
>>
No. 822433 ID: 8a947d
File 150266518187.png - (226.31KB , 1212x826 , Ada's Shop 1.png )
822433

You and Ada head back to Distant Wonder.

Ada heads behind the counter and steps up on some platform that puts her at at eye level with you.

Ada: Now that we are here we can talk about business. Is there anything you have found that may be interesting ? or would you like to buy something from me ?
>>
No. 822434 ID: 5ad6f0

Spare part, fiddler imp, tell her all about the good stuff.
>>
No. 822437 ID: 9876c4

>>822434
Seems legit
>>
No. 822439 ID: 90b98f

>>822434
Let's show the spare part and also instead of just telling her about fiddler, could we show her? Her engine under the shop should disguise the summoning right?
>>
No. 822448 ID: 91ee5f

>>822439
>spare part
Yes.

>instead of just telling her about fiddler, could we show her?
Better ask Ada if it's safe to do that before we try summoning Fiddler.

And I'm sure Fiddler will be grateful that he's not being summoned into a fight for once, but he might be a little disappointed that he's only being summoned to be introduced to someone. He might even be a little insulted that we're showing him off like some kinda pet or something.
>>
No. 822456 ID: 8d4593

>>822448
I'm sure he'd love to meet someone, so long as we treat him with respect.
>>
No. 822464 ID: 8a947d
File 150267053922.png - (295.53KB , 1212x826 , Ada's Shop 2.png )
822464

>Spare Part

You hand Ada the spare part and ask her if its the thing she's looking for, after rolling it over in her hands and inspecting it for a while she finally tells you.

Ada: It is an older model and it is damaged in a lot of places but yes! After a little work I am sure I can put this to fine use!

Ada: And now for your payment. Let us see, the quality of the metal including the damage to the glass and wires... This piece of machinery is worth 550Gs !

Ada rummages through the back of the counter and pulls out a sack of gold coins. This brings you to 888Gs !

>Fiddler Imp

You: Hey Ada! I want to show you something about that violin I bought from you. Church can't detect magic here right ?

Ada: No they can not, go right ahead and do what yo plan to do.
>>
No. 822470 ID: 8a947d
File 150267106367.png - (184.15KB , 1063x784 , Fiddler Imp Summon 2.png )
822470

You play your violin and summon Fiddler Imp.

Fiddler: Wat's da haps Gal ?

Ada: OH! Is this a demon summon? He is SO cute!

Fiddler: Well ya ain't to bad yerself hun!

Ada: I have never seen an actual demon up close before! I did not even know you could summon one with music! This is fantastic!

Ada pulls out a camera and snaps a few pictures of Fiddler before placing them in a journal and scribbling something down inside.

Ada: Pagan magic is the only kind I have not gotten to study to in depth, I understand that you have the same policy to not disclose your work with outsiders ?

You: Not really a policy but it's discouraged.

Ada: Well...If it's not necessarily a policy for you to keep these magical techniques a secret, do you think you can show me something about pagan magic ?
>>
No. 822472 ID: 90b98f

>>822470
Absolutely! What do you want to know?
>>
No. 822473 ID: 3ce125

>>822470
Wait, the only kind? So she knows about Voodoo then? Also, Priests and Prophets? How about an information exchange?
>>
No. 822475 ID: 13fded

Maybe another time. At this rate I will have nothing to show you latter.
Beside, we may need the summoning supplies we have.
>>
No. 822477 ID: 91ee5f

>>822464
>Damaged.
"Oh, that's what made that terrible crunching sound! I thought it was 3 of my ribs when it happened!"

If she asks what happened, tell her that a giant Sharkipede dropped it's fatass on you when you were fighting it. If she asks what a Sharkipede is, tell her that it's a shark that been mutated and looked like it was part centipede.

>>822470
>Ada takes a few pictures of Fiddler Imp.
Did Fiddler do a few poses for the camera?

>>822473
>How about an information exchange?
Sounds like a good idea.

I'd start with explaining that not all demon summons can talk. So far, Fiddler is the only summon you've got that can talk and he's called an "Aberrant Summon". However, you're not sure if all Aberrant Summons can talk.

And if we've got time, explain how Pagan spells require the caster to use blood to cast spells. It can either be spilled blood from an enemy or your own blood from your body. And you don't need to slice open your arm or anything to use your own blood. But you've gotta be careful, because of you use too much blood, you run the risk of passing out from there not being enough blood in your body! Which, in your opinion, sounds like an embarrassing way to die. Passing out in the middle of a fight and then being an easy target for whoever or whatever you were fighting.
>>
No. 822478 ID: 91ee5f

>>822475
>Beside, we may need the summoning supplies we have.
She's not asking for a demonstration. She's asking for a verbal explanation.
>>
No. 822503 ID: 8a947d
File 150267889688.png - (215.52KB , 1113x786 , Ada's Shop 3.png )
822503

You: Could you tell me about some of the other types of magic if I tell you about my pagan magic ?

Ada: Of course! as long as your question is not about Arcamachina then it is fine.

Ada takes out her journal as you tell her about summoning, you don't know much yourself other than the most basic lessons but you do your best. You explain the use of reagents in summoning, fusion summoning, the use of blood in spells, and abhorrent summons.

You: That's all I know, I'm not exactly a master at this stuff...

Ada: This is more than I knew. Thank you Roland. Now, What did you want to know about ?

What sort of magic do you want to question Ada about ?
>>
No. 822505 ID: 094652

>>822503
Church magics, and how to disrupt them. Voodoo magics also applicable.
>>
No. 822516 ID: 3ce125

>>822503
Well right now our biggest blind spot is Priest magic so let's ask about that. Secondly, are there any common patterns between Prophets? Troy didn't seem to know a whole lot about other Prophets, iirc. Thirdly, more information about the different things Voodoo can do would be nice. They seem to be very versatile and powerful...
>>
No. 822522 ID: 91ee5f

>>822503
Mostly Church and Voodoo magics.

After her explanation, ask her how she knows so much about those magics but knows so little about Pagan magic?

And then ask her what you should do if you happen to accidentally end up somewhere close to the Unter? You want to make sure you can peacefully talk to them without them attacking you because they think you're with the Church!
>>
No. 822527 ID: 3583d1

Definitely how to shut down church magic
>>
No. 822528 ID: 8a947d
File 150268285942.png - (180.67KB , 1212x826 , Ada Explains The Church.png )
822528

You have a lot of questions about a lot of things, you start by asking about Church magic and Priests.

Ada: Information on the Regent Church would be very helpful, especially after our little meeting with that Priest.

Ada: Basically for a Priest to cast anything they have to be holding onto a charm, charms can take any form and tend to be made of some sort of wood and core material.

Ada: But for a charm to work a Priest must be near a Shrine, in a Shrine lots of people and Priests gather and pray to their gods to give them power and that power gets channeled to nearby charms. If a Priest is too far from a Shrine they will be unable to cast magic, but there are so many Shrines that it is rarely ever a problem.

Ada: Priests are highly trained and dangerous people that know how to handle their magic very well, but by getting rid of their charm their magic will no longer be an issue.

Ada: The best way to handle one is with magic that is stronger or to pay attention to what weakness their magic could have and outsmart them. Some of those people are not very smart. If there are large groups of expert pagans then I am sure one of them knows how to efficiently shut down Church magic.
>>
No. 822529 ID: 8a947d
File 150268339658.png - (193.88KB , 1212x826 , Ada Explains Voodoo.png )
822529

Next you ask about Voodoo users.

Ada: I have told you before all of Voodoo's magic comes from the user making a deal with a the Lou, The bigger the deal the stronger the magic. If you were to in someway figure out how what the deal was and ruin it then you could effectively, how you say, screw over the voodoo user ?

Ada: Watching out for Effigies is also important. Oh! That reminds me, if a deal is not too serious the user will normally be given an item that grants an ability rather than an ability; effigies being the most common. Find and destroy them or steal them entirely.

Ada: And much like Pagan Magic voodoo users can summon beings from the crossroads to aid them. these beings are more often than not impervious to physical damage unless they are hurt be strong enough magic first. Killing the summoner will also dispel the summon.
>>
No. 822530 ID: 8a947d
File 150268361457.png - (179.72KB , 1212x826 , Ada Explains.png )
822530

Finally you ask about Prophets.

Ada: Prophet magic works the same way as a Priests only they do not need a charm to cast, but their spells do take physical stamina. They are the most unpredictable as their power come from gods that some have never heard of.

Ada: The best you can do is wait to see how their ability works and find some sort of weakness in it or look for a weakness in the person rather than the power.

Ada: Is that all you'd like to know ?
>>
No. 822536 ID: 3ce125

>>822530
Are there any forms of magic aside from Pagan, Prophet, Voodoo, and Priest?

Can someone use Voodoo items or Priest charms after stealing them?
>>
No. 822537 ID: 3583d1

>>822536
Another question, can one charm become another? Like for example, could the die we acquired be given to a prophet and through use be made into another item suited to that persons type of magic?
>>
No. 822541 ID: 91ee5f

>>822530
>Is that all you'd like to know?
"If I happen to go to the Unter, is there a way I can let them know I'm friendly? That way they don't end up attacking me because they think I'm with the Church."

"Also, how do you not know much about Pagan magic? After hearing your explanation of the other kinds of magic, I find it hard to believe that you don't know any more than what I've told you!"

>>822536
>Are there any forms of magic aside from Pagan, Prophet, Voodoo, and Priest?
There's Arcamachina that she mentioned, but that's off limits.

>Can someone use Voodoo items or Priest charms after stealing them?
That's a good question to ask! Maybe Troy and/or Roland can use Karas' charm?
>>
No. 822548 ID: 3ce125

Oh, and what does she know about Azerite?
>>
No. 822596 ID: 8a947d
File 150269686776.png - (283.76KB , 1212x826 , Ada's Shop 4.png )
822596

You: Are there types of magic besides Voodoo, Priest, and Pagan magics ?

Ada: not that I know of. These different kinds of magic come from different sources: Gods, Demons, and The Lou. Unless there is some other kind of being that grants magic of the same caliber than no.

You: Could a Prophet use a charm ? or could anybody else use a Voodoo item ?

Ada: Prophet's cannot gain power from other gods. I do not know the exact science behind it but a Prophet cannot use charms or cast Miracles .I am not sure of the voodoo item but I doubt it would work.

Ada: And you probably cannot just use a charm to cast miracles either, charms can only cast miracles for the god they were made for, you would have to convert and I doubt you would want to do that.

You: True, How do you know so much about all other types of magic but Pagan ?

Ada: I just have not met one before, it is not like every Pagan comes in says "Hello I am a Pagan" and gives me a book full of Pagan Knowledge.
>>
No. 822597 ID: 91ee5f

>>822596
>Neither Troy nor Roland can use Karas' charm.
Well, then we need to get rid of it. We can't keep it with us because other Priests can probably detect the magic from it and go, "Hey, how'd you get that?!". And Ada won't buy it off of us.

Maybe we should just smash it?

>I just have not met one before, it is not like every Pagan comes in says "Hello I am a Pagan" and gives me a book full of Pagan Knowledge.
"Well, I can provide the 'Hello, I am a Pagan' part of that sentence. It's the book of Pagan Knowledge that I can't give you. Sorry."

I think that's all we can do here for now, so let's say bye to Ada. Then go meet up with Troy and Issei and head back to Ender Port to catch that boat to Ebony Port!

.....aw, fuuuuck. How long did Karas delay you? You might've missed the boat!
>>
No. 822598 ID: 094652

>>822597
If we smash it, put Karas' card in a tiny box first. See what happens.
>>
No. 822600 ID: 3583d1

So I guess that means we have a priests charm that is effectively useless to us. So I guess that leaves the matter of what we should do with it... Ada probably won't want it. And we don't know if we missed the boat to Ebony port. If we did what is our plan of action? Maaaaybe offer to take Ada on a date? That is if she has no plans this evening...?
>>
No. 822629 ID: 8d4593

I still say take it to the colony.
I imagine a magic Charm or Captured Soul could summon something Nasty. But such things are yet beyond our depth.
>>
No. 822646 ID: 91ee5f

>>822629
Are you sure it's a good idea to take a Priest and his charm to the colony?

New Olmec is in a Church controlled town and they've managed to keep their Pagan magic hidden from detection, but I'm not so sure they can keep the magic of a Priest and/or his charm hidden from detection.

But I guess taking Karas and his charm there is really our only option to get rid of both.
>>
No. 822696 ID: 8a947d
File 150274589969.png - (183.57KB , 1212x826 , Itsdin.png )
822696

You leave Ada's Shop and meet with Troy and Issei.

You: We still got time to get on our boat ?

Issei: plenty of time. it doesn't leave for a while.

You might have time for one more thing.

>You still have that book for Medi.
>There's gotta be someone who know's what to do with this charm...
>Just leave for your boat
>>
No. 822706 ID: 8d4593

>>822696
Figure out what to do with the charm. It needs to be dealt with.
The book on its own is... Unspectacular. Wait till you have more than a few mundane books, or something interesting.
>>
No. 822708 ID: 3ce125

>>822696
Yeah let's wait on the book. Head to Pagan HQ to see if they want the card and charm.
>>
No. 822711 ID: 91ee5f

>>822706
Agreed. Figure out what to do with the Priest and his charm.

>The book on its own is...unspectacular.
I agree with that as well. Wait until you have more than one book to give Medi. Get a minimum of at least 3 books before you take anything over to her.
>>
No. 822728 ID: 8a947d
File 150275394962.png - (272.65KB , 1212x826 , The Lounger (Flint).png )
822728

You use the Waystone in Luucc's Inn and warp to The Lounge in New Olmec

You decide the best person to talk to would be Flint, after some asking around you find his office in the hall.

Flint is standing behind an Aetheral Calendar deep in thought, he notices you walking in.

You: Are you in the middle of something ?

Flint: Yeah, but I'd like a reason not to be doing it so you're just in time. How goes the mission ?
>>
No. 822730 ID: 91ee5f

>>822728
Tell Flint the whole story with your encounter with Karas, him turning people into playing cards, and cheating to make sure he always won.

Then explain how in a game of Russian Roulette, you figured out how he was cheating, and his own power turned against him and turned him into a playing card, while freeing everyone he had "collected".

Finally, explain that you've got both Karas and his charm with you and you didn't know what to do with them so you came here because you thought he'd know what to do both of them.

Also, be prepared for Flint yelling at you for bringing a Priest here. Sure, he's your prisoner, but you still brought a Priest here.
>>
No. 822731 ID: 91ee5f

>>822730
what to do with both of them.
>>
No. 822751 ID: 3ce125

Tell him about Karas and ask if they have any idea what to do with the card and charm.
>>
No. 822777 ID: 8a947d
File 150276061437.png - (108.85KB , 1212x826 , The Lounge (Flint) 3.png )
822777

You: I got attacked by a priest for the second time.

Flint: Well, ya look like you're in one piece, so what's the big deal?

You: Last time I ran away and escaped, this time I ended up beating the Priest.

Flint: You killed him ?

You: Well...No, he turned into this.

You show him Karas' Card and charm.

Flint: Lemme see that!...So this priest is trapped in this card ?

You: Yeah, he was challenging people to gambling games and cheating to win. After he won he'd turn them into cards and collect them.

Flint: Fuckin' bastard, well if he's trapped like this we've got nothing to worry about. Priests can't detect magic down here in The Lounge, in the mean time give me that charm.

Flint rolls the die around in his hand and stares at it for a bit
>>
No. 822782 ID: 8a947d
File 150276126614.png - (143.71KB , 1212x826 , The Lounge (Flint) Dice.png )
822782

Flint: This charm's been used a lot, it radiating a a tone of godly magic. It's perfect.

You: Perfect for what ?

Flint: For a lot of things really, I can either create a new ritual spell for you to use or Ascend one of your summons into a greater form. Ascension makes one of your summons stronger...well, at the cost of another one of your summons that is.

Flint: either one is incredibly useful, but we only have one charm.

If you ASCEND a Demon summon you will have to sacrifice another one of your summons

or you can learn a new ritual spell.
>>
No. 822786 ID: 7fad5d

>>822782
Ascend Fiddler Imp with Volatile Deviant.
>>
No. 822787 ID: deec6e

>>822782

"Lemme check in with a new friend of mine if he'd like a bit of a boost."

Summon Fiddler.
>>
No. 822797 ID: 90f3c0

I assume Aberrant Summons can't be leveled up, since they're unique.

Living Pyre or Hunter-Killer Hawk seem like good choices to level up. We haven't been using Voyeuristic Globule since we got Aether Sight, so that would be a good one to get rid of.

But first I want to know what spells we can learn.
>>
No. 822802 ID: 91ee5f

So far, it looks like we're gonna Ascend Fiddler Imp. But because he's an Abhorrent Summon, it might not work on him.

So, let's decide on a 2nd summon, just in case Fiddler can't be Ascended.

I choose Roaming Gluttony as a secondary choice to be used only if Fiddler Imp can't be Ascended.

And I choose the Voyeuristic Globule as the summon we're going to sacrifice. Because we've got Aether Sight, we don't need the Voyeuristic Globule anymore.
>>
No. 822803 ID: 894beb

>>822802
Seems legit
>>
No. 822808 ID: c4f375

I think ascending the Roaming Gluttony would be good, it's been a real credit. And yeah we really haven't been using the Globule.
>>
No. 822809 ID: 9b20d1

Upgrade the flagellum with the gnat we never use. Flagellum is already damn strong, I wanna see how good it can be when level 2
>>
No. 822815 ID: 3ce125

>>822782
>sacrifice a summon
What, how does THAT work? Aren't summons just recipes to bring forth bits of Athmoor? By empowering a summon does that sever your connection to Athmoor in some way? I don't really like the sound of that...
>>
No. 822819 ID: 8a947d
File 150276659923.png - (154.52KB , 1212x826 , Ascenion Explaination.png )
822819

You: How does sacrificing a summon even work ? I'm using ingredients to bring demons out of the Aether I don't physically own them.

Flint: I understand the confusion, When you "sacrifice" a summon all your doing is shifting a little energy to a different source.

Flint: Every demon is some part of Athmoor and as summoners we call them to the material world because we have a connection too them, as such we have a connection to Athmoor's corpse through every piece of him...
>>
No. 822820 ID: 8a947d
File 150276679755.png - (155.38KB , 1212x826 , Ascenion Explaination 2.png )
822820

When you sacrifice a summon what you're really doing is cutting the connection between one part of his body and strengthening your connection with another.

You: Cutting a connection with Athmoor ?... not sure how I feel about that...

Flint: True some people don't like it but no ones forcing you to do it, if you'd prefer you can learn a new spell.

Flint: It works with Aberrant Summons too, lots of people don't know that. but If you want a spell instead Aether Barrier is always useful
>>
No. 822823 ID: 3ce125

Well, on the other hand, by strengthening a connection to one particular part of Athmoor, it's like you're bringing that part closer to this world. ...has anyone learned every summon and cut ties with every other one to max out one particular piece? I wonder what would happen if a bunch of summoners all did that and summoned their True Form Demons all at once. Would they be able to put the various pieces of Athmoor back together?

Anyway, I think boosting Fiddler Imp is a good idea. We can sacrifice the Globule. Eventually I'd like to boost Aether Sight so that it's cheaper to use.

Also, looking at the wiki, looks like Heretic forgot about Gallows' Cyclops trait. Shouldn't have been able to crit during the russian roulette game (though we didn't roll a 20 anyway)
>>
No. 822834 ID: 91ee5f

>>822823
>Anyway, I think boosting Fiddler Imp is a good idea. We can sacrifice the Globule.
This.

>Also, looking at the wiki, looks like Heretic forgot about Gallows' Cyclops trait. Shouldn't have been able to crit during the russian roulette game (though we didn't roll a 20 anyway)
We didn't crit.

If you're talking about when Gallows beat Karas, that was from 3 successful Perception rolls, which allowed Gallows to figure out how Karas was cheating.

If you're talking about something else, then I've got no idea what you're talking about.
>>
No. 822837 ID: 8a947d
File 150277091994.png - (129.18KB , 1212x826 , Fiddler Ascension !.png )
822837

>Ascend Fiddler Imp
>Sacrifice Voyeuristic Globule

Fiddler Imp knows two spells: Blinding Bariolage and Mending Melody. by Ascending Fiddler Imp he can now preform Ballad of Blood!

>Has anyone learned every summon and cut ties with every other one to max out one particular piece?

Flint: The Ascension process requires whatever's inside of the priest's charm, we've studied and looked over them for years but we have no idea how they make them.

Flint: Ascension isn't easy to preform either, it takes one more charm every time if you want to ascend the same demon

Flint: As for the Priest, if you want we'll take him into custody in a drawer or filling cabinet somewhere somewhere.
>>
No. 822841 ID: 094652

I think our little trip to the aquarium has made Aquatic Stalker less preferable.

Meanwhile, Volatile Deviant is effective in the hands of a gunslinger but too expensive to use frequently.

If we were to sacrifice the die and Aquatic Stalker to ascend Volatile Deviant, could we alter the summon so that it turns bullets into miniature Volatile Deviants that can increase damage and/or change bullets into explosive ammo at the cost of blood?
>>
No. 822846 ID: 3ce125

>>822837
Yeah how about you fellas hold onto the priest since if we keep him we'll be a walking target for anyone who can detect magic.
>>
No. 822847 ID: 13fded

Beside the risk of been caught caring a priest it's possible that the card transformation is temporary. The pagan headquarters is the ideal place to lock that cars, assuming the folks around here can deal with a randomly materialized unarmed priest.
>>
No. 822848 ID: 3ce125

I feel like we should've summoned a Volatile Deviant during the shark fight... Actually if you think about it, Volatile Deviant is one of the cheapest summons we have now, since almost all the ingredients are buyable in bullet form.

...can we summon it using a bullet *while firing the bullet*?!
>>
No. 822855 ID: 9c2d0c

>>822848
see >>819482
This was discussed right away, but it was determined it would require prep time and sacrifice of 10 bullets to get enough material.
>>
No. 822858 ID: 91ee5f

>>822837
Yay! Fiddler Imp has leveled up!

Next time we visit Ada, she'll have to take new pictures of him!

>Take Priest for you?
"Yes, please take him. Oh, and I'm not sure if he's aware of what's going on while he's like this, but if you write the word "Joker" on his card, that'll add insult to injury to him, since he considers Joker cards to be useless cards. Then he can see what it's like to be a useless card!"

>>822848
>...can we summon it using a bullet *while firing the bullet*?!
Gallows has already said that he can't do that because he needs to draw the summoning symbol on the bullet and he can't do that because the bullets are too small to draw on.
>>
No. 822859 ID: 3ce125

>>822855
>>822858
>no shooting demons out of a gun
Oh, damn. ...maybe if we upgrade the Deviant it'll be able to do that.

10 bullets per summon is still pretty convenient, but might be a bit more expensive money-wise than other summons, yeah.
>>
No. 822928 ID: 8a947d
File 150278274108.png - (272.65KB , 1212x826 , The Lounger (Flint).png )
822928

You: Yeah you outta keep a hold of this jackass, and thanks for the Ascension thing.

Flint takes Karas

Flint: No problem, and If you get good enough at summoning then you should be able to ascend your own demons. Good luck on your search, I've gotta get back to doing this crap...

You should warp back to Ender Port and catch a boat soon...
>>
No. 822930 ID: 3ce125

>>822928
Yep.
>>
No. 822932 ID: 91ee5f

>>822928
Do we have time to go into the Lounge's training room real quick to check on Fiddler Imp? I wanna ask how he feels after getting a power boost!

But, if we don't have time for that, then let's just go catch that boat!
>>
No. 822933 ID: 894beb

Let's get our sea legs then! Shall we go get out squad together and set sail?
>>
No. 822955 ID: 8d4593

You know Karas' might be useful to those Voodoo assholes. I imagine a captured soul would be a worthy trade to a crossroads denizen. If we ever find ourselves on non-hostile terms with them, we might consider a trade.
>>
No. 822960 ID: 91ee5f

>>822955
Too late, we already gave Karas to Flint.
>>
No. 822976 ID: 8d4593

>>822960
Who already said he'll be in a filing cabinet.

I'm sure we have some time before Flint figures out some sort of creative use for him.

Though on that note I Do wonder how Karas would sound flicking in some bicycle spokes.
>>
No. 822979 ID: 91ee5f

>>822976
After kicking their voodoo asses so many times, they're not gonna be in a talking mood when we meet them again. Trying to pass Karas off to them is just a pointless watse of time.

Also, why would you want to help the enemy by giving something they can use against us?!

We're leaving Karas here with Flint.
>>
No. 822985 ID: 486e87

We have a lot of gold at the moment, and we're not going to be able to go shopping until we find another waypoint once we get on that boat. I think we're good on stuff, but we should as whether Troy or Issei are looking to buy any supplies or upgrades to their stuff.
>>
No. 822990 ID: 8d4593

>>822979
They are magic users who are not affiliated with the regent church, which makes them the enemy of our enemy. Common ground could be found eventually. Aside from that there are surely other Voodoo users out there who haven't attacked us, that we could run in-to.

Also of course we're leaving Karas here with Flint. At least for now. Just carrying him around with us willy-nilly presents obvious hazards. It's good to be able to keep him on ice.
>>
No. 822993 ID: 91ee5f

>>822990
Just because they're the enemy of our enemy, that doesn't make them our friend. It just makes them another enemy for us to watch out for.

If we find someone that uses voodoo and isn't a part of the shadowman's gang and they're friendly, then maybe we can try your idea.
>>
No. 822997 ID: 8d4593

>>822993
>Just because they're the enemy of our enemy, that doesn't make them our friend. It just makes them another enemy for us to watch out for.

Of course they aren't our friend, but that doesn't make them unreasonable. Voodoo bossman had a logical reason for attacking and targeting us. We were inexperienced, weak, seemingly alone, and in possession of a very powerful maguffin that makes dreams come true.

A baby draped in gold, if you will.

We've since proven ourselves a worthy adversary however, and without earning a place on their shitlist.

I wouldn't take my eyes off him should we meet bossman again, but a careful deal could be struck should the opportunity arise.
>>
No. 823000 ID: 8a947d
File 150283237060.png - (261.90KB , 1212x826 , All Aboard!.png )
823000

>Voodoo Users

They aren't necessarily friendly, hopefully their boss appreciates you not flat out killing his goons

You head to the Waystone hub in The Lounge and warp back to Ender Port.

You: So what boat are we getting on ?

Issei: i found us a cheap one, it doesn't have to many passengers which minimizes chance of attack from an enemy on board.

Issei: but i have to warn you it's a bit worn down.

You arrive at the docks and board the boat, Issei wasn't kidding this thing looks like it was pulled out of a junkyard. There aren't many passengers so there's no wait to board. After a while checking out the deck and the interior the boat takes off and makes way for Ebony Port.
>>
No. 823003 ID: 8a947d
File 150283259578.png - (96.72KB , 1212x826 , Hooked on a Feeling 1.png )
823003

This open air! The glorious sea breeze. You've never felt anything like it before ! Was one of your ancestors a sailor ? All you know is that the motion of the rocking boat below you stirs a feeling deep within you!

You feel...
>>
No. 823004 ID: 8a947d
File 150283261870.png - (103.30KB , 1212x826 , Hooked on a Feeling 2.png )
823004

... you feel...
>>
No. 823005 ID: 8a947d
File 150283269499.png - (105.56KB , 1212x826 , Hooked on a Feeling 3.png )
823005

You: HUUUUUUUUUUURRRRGHEH!
>>
No. 823006 ID: 8a947d
File 150283275942.png - (86.96KB , 1212x826 , Hooked on a Feeling 4.png )
823006

you feel sick

Okay, you get sea sick. That's something new you've learned about yourself. Maybe you outta go inside.
>>
No. 823007 ID: 3583d1

>>823006
Another idea, head to the front of the boat, and take sips of water. At the front is where you are least likely to get seasick. If you are at the back your more likely to feel it. How long till we reach our destination?
>>
No. 823009 ID: 8d4593

They call them "Sea Legs" for a reason. You'll stop feeling sick once you learn how to balance properly.

Stop leaning. Stand. preferably with knees bent and legs somewhat apart at first. Stare at the horizon and just try to keep standing as straight as possible.
>>
No. 823011 ID: bed6ad

minimize the chance of an attack
Yeah.. no.
We are going to get attacked.
In the worst possible way.
At the worst possible time.
Put your dress on as a disguise!
>>
No. 823013 ID: 91ee5f

>>823006
Gross! You didn't pull your bandages off your face before you hurled! Now you've got barf all over your bandages! You better go change them!

Also, you might want to stay close to Issei and Troy. If you can't stop feeling sick and an enemy attacks you, you're going to have to rely on Issei and Troy to protect you while you're on this boat!
>>
No. 823016 ID: 9c2d0c

>>823007
What? no, stand in the middle of the boat, where the motion is at the least. The reason the front is better than the back is that you get more breeze, but on an open boat that's hardly a difference. Stare at a distant point on the horizon, and definitely DON'T go inside.
>>
No. 823078 ID: 8a947d
File 150284656126.png - (197.98KB , 1212x826 , Ocean Becon 1.png )
823078

Well which is it front or middle ? Oh fuck it you go to stand Issei and just suffer through you sea sickness.

Issei: jeez you look like hell. is a little sea sickness going to stop you ?

You: Fucking maybe! Urgh I shouldn't of had four beers before I got on a boat. This trips gonna suck, how long before we get there ?

Issei: i think about 8 or 9 hours before we get there, think you can keep your lunch were it belongs until then ?
>>
No. 823081 ID: 91ee5f

>>823078
"Look man, just don't let me fall overboard and I think I'll live."

>think you can keep your lunch were it belongs until then?
"I didn't even eat lunch, I just drank beer! Ugghh, but please don't talk about food right now. I still feel like I'm gonna-"
HUUUUUUUUUUURRRRGHHH!
"never mind....."
>>
No. 823082 ID: 894beb

>>823078
If you do eat, I wouldn't trust anything served on the ship.
>>
No. 823087 ID: 13fded

Distract me Issei. Tell me about the things you've been doing without us.
>>
No. 823088 ID: fc33ea

It's already too late for that.

Oh no, what if I get used to it, and then when we get back on land I have to get used to it all over again.
>>
No. 823089 ID: 3ce125

>>823087
Yeah.
>>
No. 823092 ID: 8a947d
File 150284992166.png - (198.81KB , 1212x826 , Ocean Becon 2.png )
823092

You: Yeah it's a little too late for me not blowing chunks.

You: How about you distract me from the horrible sea sicknesses by telling me something.

Issei: like?

You: Like why you're constantly disappearing. I understand you have to eat, but like every time I turn my back you're gone.

Issei: nothing too interesting, honestly I don't like standing still doing nothing for too long so I just sort of wander. if i get really bored i start to bird watch.

Issei pulls out a small journal and shows it to you, its full of date's and times of different bird sighting with occasional well done sketches of birds. Issei's hand righting is cursive and only barely legible.

Issei: but most of the time i'm just searching for food in the right place at the right time.
>>
No. 823093 ID: 486e87

Understandable. Comment on the quality on the sketches. Also, try not to react by there's someone behind you who's watching you pretty intently.
>>
No. 823098 ID: 13fded

That's cool. We got to buy him an illustrated book about birds later.
How did this hobby started? Any preference for colour or shapes? Did he manage to observe interesting patters of behaviour or regional species?
>>
No. 823101 ID: 894beb

That is either Ada or someone that looks like her, but you two are getting eyeballed from behind guys.
>>
No. 823105 ID: 91ee5f

>>823092
Roland: "So, do you know what the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow is?"

Issei: "[insert in universe version of African here] or [insert in universe version of European here]?"

Roland: "I don't know, that's why I'm asking you!"
>>
No. 823113 ID: 3ce125

>>823092
Speaking of which, did he get a sniff of everyone else on board? Anyone we gotta watch out for?
>>
No. 823122 ID: 9c2d0c

Who is THAT attractive young lady behind you?
>>
No. 823123 ID: 91ee5f

>>823122
If it ain't Ada, then we ain't interested.

If it's someone here to kill us (again), then we're very interested so that we can stop her from killing us!
>>
No. 823139 ID: 8a947d
File 150286064579.png - (221.89KB , 1212x826 , Ocean Becon 3.png )
823139

You: Wow Issei these drawings are really good!

Issei: thank you, i only know how to draw birds though. anyway, troy went inside to look at the food

You: Oh god don't say that word.

Issei: right sorry, since you aren't coming down yet i'll go get him and bring him up here.

Issei leaves to get Troy, as he does you notice a young woman walk up to you. You noticed her out of the corner of your eye before but you couldn't tell if she was looking at you or not since her bangs cover her eyes. She speaks in a shy squeaky voice

???: E-excuse me ? I was wondering If you knew where this b-boat is going ? I'm worried I may have gotten on the wrong one...
>>