[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 826560)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 150424673769.png - (92.03KB , 800x600 , fe1.png )
826560 No. 826560 ID: ed67d9

Expand all images
>>
No. 826561 ID: ed67d9
File 150424675885.png - (23.94KB , 800x600 , fe2.png )
826561

"...and thus it is done. All are bound."

"All are bound." It takes me a moment to realize that the raspy, hoarse sound that I hear echoing the final line of the rite is... my voice.
>>
No. 826562 ID: 3ce125

What's happening?
>>
No. 826564 ID: fc33ea

Bound to what?
>>
No. 826567 ID: ed67d9
File 150424791692.png - (25.58KB , 800x600 , fe3.png )
826567

>>826562
>>826564

I am not certain. I see people around me but they are all in robes. We are all in robes.

I do not know how I got here.
>>
No. 826570 ID: 8c3bc9

What are the others around you doing?
>>
No. 826572 ID: 3ce125

>>826567
This room is real dark. I bet if you took off your robe nobody could see you- wait no you have white markings.

Anyway, mysterious person who may or may not be Outissa, I think you might want to look for the nearest exit. Back slowly away from the other figures and prepare to make a run for it if needed. Then ask "What just happened?"
>>
No. 826573 ID: 9215e1

What do you know? Do you have any items? What's the room look like?
>>
No. 826574 ID: 91ee5f

>>826567
What is your name and are you a male or female?
>>
No. 826575 ID: ed67d9
File 150424887777.png - (74.16KB , 800x600 , fe4.png )
826575

>Name/Female/Male
I am female. My name is Outissa.

>What are the others around you doing?
They appear to be waiting for one of the figures to speak.

>Exit
I do not feel like I am in danger.

>Know? Items?
I know that I feel very strange. I am not used to wearing clothing but it does not itch as much as it normally does. I do not believe I have items. The room is dark with people in it standing in a circle.
>>
No. 826576 ID: 3ce125

>>826575
Ah, you're human! The adventure put you in a human body!

Well, say hello.
>>
No. 826577 ID: 8c3bc9

Await and listen in for one of the figures; they may say something that could clue you in on this place.
>>
No. 826579 ID: 094652

First off, we voted on your superpowers for your current body and the majority was Rogue Class, so expect your strikes to be faster and weaker. You should have an inventory menu or some kind of pack with strange gear, we'll walk you through the "un-existent" Thief's Instruction Manual.

Second, you are wearing cultist robes. You just finished chanting something. Look around the room and try to find runes or documentation, anything that might be useful later.

Third, you do not know any of the remaining verses and are at serious risk of being discovered if the leader has ANYTHING left to say. Time to leave.
>>
No. 826581 ID: 91ee5f

>>826575
Boo! Bring back normal fuzzy Outissa!

>>826577
This sounds good.
>>
No. 826585 ID: e8f4bd

Can we see your hands?
>>
No. 826606 ID: ba506f

well you know what they say, "when in rome do as the romans do" which basically means just act like everyone around you until you can find a good moment to slip away.
>>
No. 826621 ID: be0718

Chant in ominous Latin.
>>
No. 826716 ID: 9876c4

>>826606
No shit? I've been vomiting everywhere and sacrificing virgins to Mars all this time.

Boy is my face red from the vomiting
>>
No. 826890 ID: ed67d9
File 150432148383.png - (64.29KB , 800x600 , fe5.png )
826890

>human, hands
...human?

I look down at my hands, peeking out of my robe. They are strange! Where is my fur? Why do I have so many fingers? What is going on?
>>
No. 826891 ID: ed67d9
File 150432148435.png - (73.94KB , 800x600 , fe6.png )
826891

One of the figures pulls back her hood. She smiles at us. "Thank you all so much for showing up! I'm the Revered Mother Kaldaka, and with that 'rite' business out of the way, you are all considered to be 'Egg' rank here! And all members of the Order of the Amethyst Eye - including our precious little Eggs - are entitled to our free food!"

She turns and motions for us to follow her down the hallway. There are two other people, not including Revered Mother Kaldaka. One is shorter than me and one is taller.

>Act like the others
I follow her and the others.. Walking feels weird. It is slow. I do not feel graceful. I do not like this.
>>
No. 826892 ID: ed67d9
File 150432148776.png - (56.91KB , 800x600 , fe7.png )
826892

I can smell bacon and eggs and fruit. I realize that I am very hungry. I see a table with food on it and plates and I think this is a dining room? The other two people in the robes walk into the room and I follow them. "Enjoy, my dears!" The Revered Mother turns to leave. The other two people in the robes stand still and maybe they are thinking about what to do? I do not know. NARRATIVE ERROR.... UPDATING
>>
No. 826900 ID: 094652

>LARP party with actual D&D races
Oh, what the @#$%?! Outissa, stay away from the food until you're sure it's not poisoned. Mostly by looking at the reactions of the other nerds.
>>
No. 826903 ID: 3abd97

>What is going on?
You're playing a game where you pretend to be someone else. Rather more completely than usual.

Just try to have fun with it. It's not going to be permanent! Being someone else can be an interesting experience.
>>
No. 826911 ID: 3ce125

>>826892
Have some food. It won't be poisoned, it's way too early in the adventure to worry about getting betrayed.
>>
No. 826929 ID: be0718

Grab that tiefling by the horns and ride her off into the sunset.
>>
No. 826933 ID: ed67d9
File 150432860986.png - (56.91KB , 800x600 , fe7.png )
826933

...narrative updated to correct point-of-view. Resuming.


You can smell bacon and eggs and fruit. You realize that you are very hungry. You see a table with food on it and plates and it takes your brain several moments before it makes the connection - Yes! This is a dining room! The other two robed figures walk into the room, and you follow behind, intent on playing along so far.

"Enjoy, my dears!" the Revered Mother says as she turns to leave. You are not certain what the other two figures in the room are up to - they're just standing there, and they appear to also be considering what to do next.

What would you like to do?
>>
No. 826936 ID: 91ee5f

>>826933
>What would you like to do?
You'd like to wake the fuck up already!

You've been turned into a slow moving furless human! This has to be a dream and when you wake up, you'll be back in your normal fur covered body!
>>
No. 826942 ID: 3ce125

Eat food.
>>
No. 827044 ID: e8f4bd

Eat only the eggs.
>>
No. 827050 ID: be0718

Tear the delicious spaghetti out of the corpse you have tastefully censored from your mind.
>>
No. 827054 ID: 9dc26d

>>826933
Smashmouth, eat the eggs
>>
No. 827240 ID: ed67d9
File 150440347523.png - (86.14KB , 800x600 , fe8.png )
827240

>Eat eggs

The eggs are delicious! Just the right amount of salt and pepper. You get them all over your mouth and hands, though, because apparently a "human" jaw doesn't drop as far as a noxan one.

That is going to be extremely inconvenient.

Once you have finished your meal, you notice that Revered Mother Kaldaka is gone, and one of the robed figures has moved away to stand near the window.

The remaining figure lowers her hood and reveals a red-scaled, reptilian visage. She grins before speaking.

"Hi! My name's Lendys, but everyone calls me 'Wendy' so please just call me that! What brings you here to join the Order? Exciting, isn't it! I can't wait until I get my very first assignment!"
>>
No. 827243 ID: ed67d9

(I would also like to take this opportunity to link to the XENOQUEST DISCUSSION THREAD: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/112766.html for all discussion-y needs! Especially seeing what just happened in XQ2.)
>>
No. 827245 ID: 3ce125

>>827240
Tell her your name is Outissa and you're just in search of some adventure, really.
>>
No. 827285 ID: ba506f

people call me Outissa and nobody has really gotten around to finding a nickname for me yet. I kinda joined for the adventure.
>>
No. 827296 ID: 91ee5f

>>827240
My name is Outissa and I used to be a noxan. I don't know why or how I became a human.
>>
No. 827319 ID: 094652

"My name is Outissa, and I'm curious about what we'll learn next."
>>
No. 827321 ID: e8f4bd

Tell her something ambiguous. That you were looking to find the right path in life or something.

Ask her about her experience with the Order. Why did she join, what are her expectations?
>>
No. 827332 ID: be0718

Yeah, I'd like a double cheeseburger with extra cheese, hold the mana, and a diet Bepsi please.
>>
No. 827356 ID: 8d4593

I seek to regain my grace, Lendys. I'm Outissa.
>>
No. 827483 ID: c88e6d

>>827240
"My name is Outissa, and I've reincarnated just to be here! Let's be friends, Lendy."
>>
No. 827549 ID: ed67d9
File 150454401416.png - (32.96KB , 800x600 , fe9.png )
827549

It takes you several moments to wake up translate thought into words.

"M... m-my name is Outisssssa. Friends?" waaaake up

Wendy smwake up! Zhis is bad!iles and blinks slooooooooooooooooowly as everything gets hazy.

"Outissa! Wake up! Zhis is Beatrix! Somezhing went wrong!"

Wake up? Yes or no?
>>
No. 827550 ID: be0718

No. Why won't this damn yinglet let you sleep?!
>>
No. 827551 ID: 7fad5d

Waking up sounds like a good idea.

No.
>>
No. 827552 ID: 22d3a4

Normally you should yell '5 more minutes' but, something's gone wrong? Time to wake up.
>>
No. 827553 ID: 91ee5f

>>827549
If Beatrix is telling you something has gone wrong and is desperately trying to wake you up, then that means staying asleep is not a good thing!

It's time to wake up!
>>
No. 827555 ID: 3abd97

>>827549
Naaaaaaaaah.
>>
No. 827566 ID: c88e6d

>>827549
WAKE UP OR SO HELP ME WE'RE GETTING AMARANTH IN HERE.
>>
No. 827568 ID: a363ac

>>827549
No. Instead go tear off that guards face by the window and eat it.
>>
No. 827586 ID: 3ce125

>>827549
Uh, yes.
>>
No. 827636 ID: e8f4bd

Wendy, should Outissa wake up?
>>
No. 827713 ID: ed67d9
File 150458689264.png - (21.83KB , 800x600 , xq3-1.png )
827713

You debate with yourself and are torn between waking and not waking when a firm jostle settles the matter.

"Outissa! Zhis is very bad! Zhis... we... zhis is not where I zhought it would be! I do not know WHERE we are! I have not heard of zhis place and it is very strange and strange zhings keep showing up in front of my eyes!"
>>
No. 827714 ID: ed67d9
File 150458689547.png - (36.43KB , 800x600 , xq3-2.png )
827714

Right after Beatrix says that, a tinny female voice sounds from a speaker above you, even as text flashes in your field of vision.

GREETINGS, CITIZEN. THIS IS FRIEND COMPUTER. YOUR PRESENCE IS NEEDED IN BRIEFING ROOM XQ IN SECTOR ANL. CITIZEN BEA-O-RIX-∞ IS YOUR ASSIGNED SUPERIOR FOR THIS TASK.
>>
No. 827729 ID: 3abd97

>Beatrix is your superior
Okay, nothing has changed and continues to be fine!

>BRIEFING ROOM XQ IN SECTOR ANL
Directory or map please, friend computer?
>>
No. 827737 ID: 91ee5f

Reach out and try to grab that text! Don't let it get away from you!
>>
No. 827750 ID: e8f4bd

It seems our previous game was interrupted. But I'm not sure who this BEA-O-RIX-∞ is.

Ask Beatrix what are the strange things.. oh right we can't speak. I guess just nod to Beatrix to confirm what's happening then.
>>
No. 827781 ID: be0718

Pick up your assigned superior and begin egress towards Briefing Room XQ in sector ANAL. Not reporting to Briefing Room XQ is treason. Treason is punishable by death./
>>
No. 827817 ID: a363ac

>>827714
Listen to your friend it wants to get you laid. Likely with some nice aardvarkian tongue or something.
>>
No. 827823 ID: 094652

Ah, Paranoia. The game where ANYONE can have an agenda.

Don't trust ANY "fact" you learn, NOT EVEN FROM US. There might be suggesters who are generated by the mainframe.

There seems to be a computer interface that says it's in charge. Do as you will.
>>
No. 827834 ID: ed67d9

GREETINGS, ALL CITIZENS. THIS IS FRIEND COMPUTER. I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND YOU THAT ALL CITIZENS WHO MAY HAVE AN ID THAT COULD CHANGE PLEASE SELF-DESIGNATE A NAME, SO THAT YOUR LOYALTY CAN BE TRACKED ACCORDINGLY. THANK YOU.

(Basically, much like the first XQ, this quest will be tracking your ID, and if you feel that your ID may change - either due to IP address stuff or cookies or whatever - please choose a name. If your ID does change and you haven't picked a name, just post that it's happened and I'll make sure to note it.)
>>
No. 827841 ID: c88e6d

>>827834
Have Bea-O-Rix-∞ request a map, as your vocal chords have been temporarily disabled for surgical purposes beneficial to Alpha Complex.

Prepare to be redirected through the most lethal possible regions.
>>
No. 827857 ID: ed67d9
File 150463779251.png - (68.54KB , 800x600 , xq3-3.png )
827857

>Directory or map please, friend computer?
CITIZEN 3AB-R-D97, DO YOU NOT TRUST YOUR SUPERIOR? CITIZEN BEA-O-RIX-∞ WILL GUIDE YOU.

You watch as Beatrix's eyes go even wider. "Oh. Oh. Zhis... 'Friend Computer'... can hear ze suggesters. M-maybe zhat means we will not be blamed for stupid suggestions?"

CITIZEN BEA-O-RIX-∞, I KNOW ALL THAT HAPPENS WITHIN ALPHA COMPLEX. I HAVE THE SAFETY AND HAPPINESS OF EACH OF MY PRECIOUS CITIZENS AT HEART. I WOULD NEVER BLAME YOU FOR THE ACTS OF TRAITORS, AS LONG AS YOU ARE LOYAL. YOU ARE LOYAL, YES?

"Y-yes! Of course! We... we should get going, Outissa. YES! GOING! ON ZHIS ADVENTURE! We are here, we might as well make the most of it!"
>>
No. 827858 ID: ed67d9
File 150463779406.png - (81.46KB , 800x600 , xq3-4.png )
827858

A chime sounds from overheard, and you hear the same female voice from earlier, but much louder - it seems to be playing from not just inside the small room you and Beatrix are in, but in the hallway outside the door as well.

"FRIENDLY REMEMBER FROM FRIEND COMPUTER! NUDITY IS A NO-NO! ALWAYS BE CLOTHED!"
>>
No. 827859 ID: b15da4

Gasp! Beatrix! You naked traitor! Confiscate that hat to protect your own non-nudity.
>>
No. 827865 ID: 91ee5f

>>827858
Hats and scarves count as clothes! That means Outissa and Beatrix are both clothed!
>>
No. 827866 ID: e8f4bd

What happenes to the traitors?

Ehm...

Citizen BEA-O-RIX-∞, I would request that you relocate yourself to the Briefing Room XQ in sector ANL as requested by Friend Computer.
>>
No. 827891 ID: 486e87

What colour rank are we, friend computer? Also, what is an acceptable level of clothed-ness, and is there a place where rank appropriate clothes can be acquired en-route to the briefing room?
>>
No. 827892 ID: 2fe26a

>>827891
We're clearly violet. That means we are more or less safe, for now. Unlike our Orange comrade...
>>
No. 827893 ID: 3abd97

>NUDITY IS A NO-NO! ALWAYS BE CLOTHED!
Friend computer! Citizens BEA-O-RIX-∞ and Outissa possess only a minimum of clothing!

Where can we obtain additional clothes?
>>
No. 827907 ID: ed67d9

GREETINGS, CITIZENS. THIS IS FRIEND COMPUTER. DISCUSSION AMONG YOURSELF IS ENCOURAGED. DEBATE IS HEALTHY AND LEADS TO ROOTING OUT OF TRAITORS, COMMIES, AND TERRORISTS.

(Friend Computer can read everything you type in this thread. If you want to engage in discussion where Friend Computer cannot see what you write, https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/112766.html I encourage the disthread.)
>>
No. 827909 ID: e8f4bd

>>827891 >>827892
Sirs, do you perhaps have some knowledge that the rest of us don't? I dare say there's a possibility that some well-informed COMMIES are in our midst.
>>
No. 827910 ID: a363ac

>>827858
NO NUDITY! Demand to speak to Friend Computers manager and/or Superviser!
>>
No. 827918 ID: be0718

>>827909
Are you colorblind? Colorblindness is treason. Treason is punishable by death.
Permissions in Alpha Complex are spectrum-based. They are wearing purple and orange, therefore those must be their clearance levels. Wearing clothing that misrepresents your clearance level is treason. Treason is punishable by death.
>>
No. 827924 ID: e8f4bd

>>827918
>Wearing clothing that misrepresents your clearance level is treason.
You misunderstand. I'm simply confused over the concepts of "rank" and "color" because Friend Computer has not mentioned them. Indeed, I believe that only COMMIES could possess knowledge which Friend Computer has not provided us.

And now that you mention the concept of "clearance levels", I am led to believe that you also are, or have been in contact with, COMMIES.
>>
No. 827928 ID: be0718

>>827924
Friend Computer is generous with his commandments. The only way you could have failed to receive this information is if you were attending a secret society meeting instead of the mandatory briefing in briefing room XQ in sector ANL.
>>
No. 827931 ID: e8f4bd

>>827928
Then I guess we will have to ask Friend Computer if that is true.
>>
No. 828006 ID: ed67d9
File 150466052093.png - (23.53KB , 800x600 , xq3-5.png )
828006

"We are not naked, so we are okay. Let us go to zhis... 'Briefing Room' XQ."

The hallway outside is curiously devoid of people. There is a sign pointing towards "XQ" and the two of you head that direction.

After a few minutes of walking, you come to a door marked, "XQ" in bright green letters. The tinny female voice from earlier sounds from overhead once more. The door is slightly open.

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, OUTISSA? IT IS YOUR DUTY TO ENTER. LISTEN TO THOSE LOYAL TO ME.
>>
No. 828007 ID: be0718

Only Outissa may enter. This room is above Beatrice's clearance level.
>>
No. 828011 ID: 3abd97

>WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, OUTISSA?
I don't know, someone put an update prompt here.
>>
No. 828012 ID: a363ac

>>828006
nope go to the door marked ANL. It has lewds, ad nudity
>>
No. 828032 ID: fe7355

What sector is this? Is this sector ANL? Because the orders were to report to briefing room XQ in sector ANL. If this room marked XQ is not in sector ANL then you are in the wrong location and not authorized to enter this room.

Furthermore, going by the color of the door's marking, this room is designated a GREEN clearance level, which is above both citizen 3AB-R-D97's RED clearance level and citizen BEA-O-RIX-∞'s ORANGE clearance level. Neither may enter the room before them without breaking clearance regulations and suffering the consequences. Thus, I strongly suggest not entering this room.
>>
No. 828036 ID: e8f4bd

The instructions are confusing. Citizen Bea-O-rix-∞ is designated superior and guide, so logically she should be the one to enter first. But now Outissa specifically is being asked to enter.

Since there has been no order for Bea-O-rix-∞ to cease acting as a superior, I would suggest Bea-O-rix-∞ to enter first and Outissa following after.
>>
No. 828037 ID: 094652

Request confirmation of Briefing Room Door Label: XQ?
>>
No. 828054 ID: ed67d9
File 150466678794.png - (28.99KB , 800x600 , xq196.png )
828054

>Only Outissa may enter. This room is above Beatrice's clearance level.

You motion for Beatrix to stay and you walk forward. Her eyes go wide and she opens her mouth as if to protest, but she shuts it and nods. She trusts the suggesters as much as you do. You tug your scarf up over your muzzle, almost as if the thin fabric will protect you, and you enter.

Inside, it's dark and you feel that something is wrong.

Something is very very, very wrong. It nags at you... something about how "Friend Computer" worded things...

Come to think of it haven't you seen a lot of green lately? The green of the orb that brought you here. The shade of green on the letters outside the door... the green on the text that displayed briefly in your vision

THE TEXT THAT DISPLAYED IN YOUR VISION OH NO NO NONOONONO
>>
No. 828055 ID: ed67d9
File 150466679651.png - (18.59KB , 800x800 , xq197.png )
828055

You hear the faint click of the door closing behind you. Your heart nearly stops, and you feel every hair on your body stand on end as a pair of curtains opens across the room, revealing a window.
>>
No. 828056 ID: ed67d9
File 150466680699.png - (100.92KB , 800x800 , xq198.png )
828056

Standing in front of that window is a very, very familiar figure.
>>
No. 828057 ID: ed67d9
File 150466681559.png - (68.13KB , 800x800 , xq199.png )
828057


GREETINGS...
>Sister.

>>
No. 828058 ID: ed67d9
File 150466681783.png - (166.32KB , 800x800 , xq200.png )
828058


END PART 2

Friends made: 3/?
Secrets found: ?/?
People sexed: 1/?

Voices tainted: ?

>>
No. 828064 ID: a363ac

>>828058
NOOOOOOOO! go back Outissa we need to make more friends! and lick more holes.
>>
No. 828077 ID: be0718

Did you think we ever left?
>>
No. 828095 ID: 094652

... Oh ^&*(.

Outissa, we've been here before. Guided a group of survivors against creatures of the darkness in a fading light. Half the party died. Most of them were burned to ash and crushed into the walls. This... this is the Anasazi Hotel.

And we're in a time period before we killed the biggest Beast.

LAERTES, YOU-
>>
No. 828102 ID: 6e59e3

Greetings, Khoros-that-is-Not-Brother-or-Father-or-Kin.

Present your throat. We will make this mercifully quick.
>>
No. 828111 ID: ed67d9
File 150468000928.png - (2.70KB , 600x600 , xq201.png )
828111

"...yes, sir. Yes. Not registering at all with the syst—uh huh. What about Ammy? Wait. She couldn't find them either? That... uh huh. Huh. No sir, I don't know when the TGChan conn—yes, you'd have to talk to Cass about that, sir. It's been up and down a lot lately, correct. You don't think that's related to this, do you...? No? Alright.

"I'll start at Outissa's apartment and see what I can find sir. Yes. Then I'll hit up my network of contacts, see what they know, play it by ear. Both ears, heh.

"Thank you. I'll keep you updated. Yes, sir, you can count on me. They're my friends, and I'm the best fucking detective in all of Station. Ha! No sir, I'm not bragging. Thank you again, sir."
>>
No. 828112 ID: ed67d9
File 150468001154.png - (49.93KB , 600x600 , xq202.png )
828112

"Aubrey out."
>>
No. 828157 ID: 41c9bc

>>828111
Arm up with your steely knives, my dude.
>>
No. 828158 ID: e8f4bd

>>828056
Well, at least it looks like he's whole and that his mind is intact.

>>828112
So Aubrey, you're a detective? Is this going on during the blackout? Or later?

Let's visit Outissa's apartment then.
>>
No. 828159 ID: a363ac

>>828112
Go talk to our glorious overlord Pam. ya know that one elder god of memes over by some ruins.
>>
No. 828320 ID: ed67d9

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!?

Find out here: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/828311.html
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password