[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 827428)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 150449068920.png - (4.11KB , 800x600 , Title Card 1.png )
827428 No. 827428 ID: 15a025

A small note before things begin:
While this quest takes place a few years after the events of Blind Quest, reading Blind quest shouldn't be necessary to understand and enjoy "The Herd".
Expand all images
>>
No. 827429 ID: 15a025
File 150449073291.png - (4.72KB , 800x600 , 1.png )
827429

Candy: "This train ride is taking forever. At least the next stop is where I'm heading. Still going to be a bit before I get there..."
>>
No. 827430 ID: 15a025
File 150449076517.png - (4.90KB , 800x600 , 2.png )
827430

I dig around through my traveling case for something to do, however, I find an old earring sitting next to my sweater.

Candy: "Huh, haven't seen that in awhile. Wonder how this got mixed in here, or where the other went?"
>>
No. 827431 ID: 205799

Dance like nobody's looking.
>>
No. 827432 ID: 15a025
File 150449081054.png - (4.83KB , 800x600 , 3.png )
827432

I take it out of my traveling case and put on the lone earring.

Candy: "This even still work by itself? Hey earring ghosts, you still in this old thing?"
>>
No. 827434 ID: 3abd97

>>827432
Yup, we're still around.

What's up? Last time we checked was the night you and Rainy went camping at her new place.
>>
No. 827436 ID: ca0e20

Hey there, cutie!
>>
No. 827458 ID: 8a251a

hi!! what's up?
>>
No. 827460 ID: be0718

Nobody here but us chickens.
>>
No. 827466 ID: 91ee5f

ZZZZZZZ..... -.-

>>827432
>Hey earring ghosts, you still in this old thing?
Huh?! What?! Who's there?! O_o

How long has it been? Are...are you Candy's granddaughter?
>>
No. 827468 ID: 1060e6

Oh whoa! This is what being a hearing ghost is like! Neat!

Anyways, yeah we're here!

....Whatcha doooooin?
>>
No. 827473 ID: 15a025
File 150449583558.png - (4.83KB , 800x600 , 4.png )
827473

>Hey there, cutie!
Candy: "Sweet, it does still work!"

>How long has it been? Are you Candy's granddaughter?
Candy: "No... it hasn't been that long?"

>hi!! what's up?
>What's up? Last time we checked was the night you and Rainy went camping at her new place.
>Whatcha doooooin?

Candy: "Guess it has been a few years then? Well, right now I'm off to meet up with my older sister and crash at her place for a awhile and help out. She sent me a letter saying some things came up and needs my help for awhile. Little nervous over the move out here though."
>>
No. 827476 ID: 3abd97

>>827473
So do you have your degree now? Do you have a job?

Did the king go to war with anyone? Are their chimeras rampaging in the streets?
>>
No. 827479 ID: 91ee5f

>>827473
>"No...it hasn't been that long?"
Oh, you're still Candy? Well it's good to know it hasn't been that long. It's hard to tell time when you're in a drawer for a long time.

Soooo.....did you and Rainy make out with each other when you were camping at her new place? :3

Nah, I'm kidding! But seriously, how's Rainy and her older half sister Jill doing? You guys keep in touch with each other? There aren't any assholes still trying to kidnap Rainy, right? Come oooon, we've been in the dark for years according to you! You've gotta tell us what's been going on!
>>
No. 827502 ID: 7b65b9

Just think of it as a chance to get closer to your family and try not to worry to much. You don't want to be a nervous wreck when you arrive, right?

By the way, what all did you bring for your move? It looks like you packed light.
>>
No. 827543 ID: 91ee5f

>>827479
Also, did you do something different when you put us on? Because we can see in color now instead of a bunch of hearts and lines like last time.

Or maybe it's because you're not blind this time and that's why we can see more clearly?
>>
No. 827546 ID: 46a8da

so if you aren't blind, what are you?
>>
No. 827591 ID: 15a025
File 150455710468.png - (4.99KB , 800x600 , 5.png )
827591

>So do you have your degree now? Do you have a job?
Candy: "Degree yeah. Job? Eh... still looking."

>Did the king go to war with anyone? Are their chimeras rampaging in the streets?
Candy: "We're not at war with anyone, at least as far as I know. Things have been pretty safe out on the streets again too."

>how's Rainy and her older half sister Jill doing? You guys keep in touch with each other?
Candy: "Last I heard from my bud she was doing alright. It's actually been awhile since I've heard from her myself. She's probably been busy with classes."

>Also, did you do something different when you put us on? Because we can see in color now instead of a bunch of hearts and lines like last time.
Candy: "Not that I can remember?"

>maybe it's because you're not blind this time and that's why we can see more clearly?
Candy: "Yeah, probably something like that."

I hear the train intercom buzz in
Intercom: "The train is approaching our final stop of the night, Icy Pines. Please stay seated till the train comes to full stop before getting up and gathering your belongings."

Candy: "Shoot, that was kinda of quick?"

>Just think of it as a chance to get closer to your family and try not to worry too much. You don't want to be a nervous wreck when you arrive, right?
Candy: "Yeah, being a nervous mess probably isn't going to do me any good."
>>
No. 827592 ID: 15a025
File 150455714482.png - (4.25KB , 800x600 , 6.png )
827592

>By the way, what all did you bring for your move? It looks like you packed light.

Candy: "Didn't bring a whole lot with me. My sister said she had a spare room all set for me to move into. I'm planning on just staying there for a month or two. Brought a sweater with me in case I need an extra layer of warmth. A pack of smokes and a cheap lighter. Been actually trying to kick that habit lately. Haven't had any of the hard stuff in about a year, and I'm down to going through a pack a week. I've got a small pocket knife in here too. Then I also got my wool sheer and a brush with me."
>>
No. 827593 ID: 15a025
File 150455717601.png - (4.61KB , 800x600 , 7.png )
827593

I hear the train wheels squeal as it slows down and comes to a stop. I close up my little traveling case and make my way off the train.
>>
No. 827594 ID: 15a025
File 150455719660.png - (5.01KB , 800x600 , 8.png )
827594

Candy: "Well that's great. She better not have forgotten I was coming tonight!"
>>
No. 827595 ID: 3ce125

>>827594
You said the train seemed to stop early. Better verify you're in the right town. Also check the time.
>>
No. 827621 ID: 3abd97

>a cheap lighter
What happened to your magic lighter?

>>827595
Seems reasonable.
>>
No. 827624 ID: 094652

This doesn't look like a normal train stop. Move around until you find a schedule.
>>
No. 827667 ID: 91ee5f

>>827592
>cheap lighter
Wait, didn't the king give you a magic lighter that would never run out? What happened to that?
>>
No. 827985 ID: 15a025
File 150465742078.png - (6.07KB , 800x600 , 9.png )
827985

>What happened to your magic lighter?
Left it back in my safe. Partly to help with kicking the habbit, but more I don't want it to get stolen or lost.

>You said the train seemed to stop early. Better verify you're in the right town.
Candy: "Well, on the train they said this was the last stop, Icy Pines."

>This doesn't look like a normal train stop. Move around until you find a schedule.


I walk over to an beat up looking bill board, and see the schedule and some other paper with the words "missing" left on it, have been torn off or something. Must have been windy out here lately or something.

>Also check the time
Clock by the also says it's a little after six.

I try to think about what I'm going to here, when the sound of a car speeding through the parking lot runs over my train of thought. I hear someone get out of the car, and I walk away from the bill board and try to get a better look at who it is.
>>
No. 827986 ID: 15a025
File 150465751627.png - (5.69KB , 800x600 , 10.png )
827986

It's a sheep with hair or wool covering up their eyes, with kind of a ratty looking old hat on. When they see me, they start running up towards me.

???: "Hey you knuckle head, you could have mentioned by station, you meant train station."

It takes me a second to try and think of who this is, then I smell a familiar smoky-minty kind of scent coming from them.

Candy: "Sugar? Is that really you?"
I can barely recognize her.

Sugar?: "What do you mean, of course it's me sis! What, did ya forget what your ol sis looked like?"

Candy: "Heheh, oh I'm just messing with ya. So, if you didn't think I meant train station, where did you think I meant?"

Sugar?: "I thought you meant The Station. It's a convince store downtown."
Yeah, that's her alright.

Candy: "So...are we heading to your place or are we just going to stand out here in the cold all night?"

Sugar: "Actually I was thinking of bringing ya down to the bar or our store to meet some of the gang. Suppose you did just get into town though. It's up to you though."
>>
No. 827991 ID: 3abd97

>>827986
The train ride was nicer than I expected, I could meet some people.
>>
No. 828041 ID: 7b65b9

It's not like you have any better plans right now, and it's probably too early to sleep, so you may as well go.
>>
No. 828231 ID: 15a025
File 150473560155.png - (5.14KB , 800x600 , 11.png )
828231

>It's not like you have any better plans right now, and it's probably too early to sleep, so you may as well go.
>The train ride was nicer than I expected, I could meet some people.

Candy: "Yeah, guess I could go and meet some new people."

Sugar: "Alright, let's hit up the bar!"


I follow Sugar back to her car, and haul in. It's pretty messy and smelly inside.

Sugar: "Alright co-pilot, find something decent on the radio to listen to. Your pick as long as it isn't something distracting."

I mess around with dial and try to find something catchy to listen to. All that's playing is some news ad for something going on this weekend.

News Station: "-all day this Saturday and Sunday, the police department is hosting a 'no questions asked' guns and enchanted items buyback. Anyone who drives on by and drops off something also gets a free hot chocolate."

Sugar: "Hey that reminds me, see your wearing an earring there. That thing enchanted?"

Yeah...I'm not so sure I want to answer that after hearing a radio ad about a police buyback. Shoot, it'd be my luck she'd try to sneak off with my earring and try to sell it there. Then again, this is my sister here. Could be wrong thinking she'd try and pull something like that. What you ghosts think?
>>
No. 828239 ID: 91ee5f

>>828231
Listen, I know she's family and you should be able to trust family, but I honestly think that if she's desperate enough for some money, she'll try to steal us!

Don't tell her we're enchanted!

Just tell her we're a gift from a friend! Don't give any names though! And your friend gave us to you because we look like a piece of candy and your name is Candy, so your friend thought it would be a neat thing to give you!

And if she asks why you've only got one, tell her the truth about how you lost the other one.
>>
No. 828243 ID: 094652

>>828231
Tell her you're worried she'll sell a $10,000 gem for ten bucks and a hot chocolate. If she laughs, explain to her that the gem is nearly worthless, but it's an encryption key for your personal safe (of headvoices). You're not giving her the location.
>>
No. 828340 ID: 3abd97

>>828231
If the government is rounding up enchanted items, even on a voluntary basis right now, I'd feel safer if you didn't let anyone know what we are. Let us be your ace in the hole.

It also means your sister doesn't have to lie for you later, if there is a less voluntary crackdown in the future.

Tell her the earring is just good luck. It reminds you of a friend.
>>
No. 828639 ID: 15a025
File 150481962719.png - (5.31KB , 800x600 , 12.png )
828639

>Tell her you're worried she'll sell a $10,000 gem for ten bucks and a hot chocolate.
Ouf, I'd be mad if sold it, but madder yet if all she got was a couple bucks and a warm drink.

>I'd feel safer if you didn't let anyone know what we are.
Got it. I'll keep that in mind. What should I tell her though?

>Just tell her we're a gift from a friend! Don't give any names though!
>Tell her the earring is just good luck. It reminds you of a friend.
Candy: "It's a good luck earring a friend gave to me."

Sugar: "Cute. Don't earrings come in pairs though?"

Candy: "Yeah, I kind of lost the other one."

Sugar: "Pff...way to go butter ball."
>>
No. 828640 ID: 15a025
File 150481966488.png - (5.34KB , 800x600 , 13.png )
828640

I try to change the mood in the car by messing around with the radio. Just when I find a good song playing, She parks the car and we gets out.

Sugar: "Here we are, 'The Electric Sheep'. Doesn't look too special, but the drinks are the best in this whole city. Pretty good spot too, we're just a little bit away from the mall."
>>
No. 828642 ID: 15a025
File 150481976793.png - (5.47KB , 800x600 , 14.png )
828642

Inside says otherwise, it's pretty dead here. My sister walks me over to the bar, and introduces me to the bartender.
Sugar: "Marsh, I'd like ya to meet my lil sis, Candy."

Marsh: "She the new help?"

Sugar: "Yeah. She's staying at my place for a few months to lend us some extra help."

The room goes silent for a bit. I can almost feel her staring me down and looking me over.
Marsh: "Yeah, not feeling it. Thinking she needs a little uh... initiation test first. See how good she is."

Sugar: "Uh...you sure you're up for that Marsh?"

Marsh: "Yeah, it's a slow day anyway."

Sugar: "Alright, I'm gonna head down to the basement and check on a few things while you do that. Good luck sis!"
>>
No. 828645 ID: 15a025
File 150481981477.png - (5.12KB , 800x600 , 15.png )
828645

Marsh: "Alright, let's see what you got. Give me your best shot."

Candy: "Huh?"

Marsh: "You heard me, get over here and give me your best shot."

She slams some bottles and glasses down onto the bar.
Marsh: "Well?"

I guess I'm supposed to mix up a drink or something?
Candy: "What do you want?"

Marsh: "Don't care as long as it's good. We got just about everything to make anything. So go nuts."

Shoot, she's got me kind of on the spot here. What should I try and make?
>>
No. 828663 ID: 486e87

I'd say keep whatever you make simple. Maybe a screwdriver? Equal parts vodka and orange juice.
>>
No. 828664 ID: ec5ca0

>>828645
What kinda stuff can you make? I mean, amaretto sour is a classic, but I'm guessing you've gotta really wow her.
>>
No. 828666 ID: ba506f

>>828645
give her a blow job

No I don't mean that I mean the drink, it's pretty simple to just use 1/4 ounce Baileys Irish cream liqueur
1/2 ounce amaretto almond liqueur and top it off with some whip cream

Or you could give her an orgasm which is 1/4 ounce vodka, 1/4 ounce amaretto liqueur, 1/4 ounce coffee liqueur, and 1/4 ounce Irish cream liqueur... why are you looking at me that way?

fine if that isn't something you want to try to make how about a jager bomb then. It's just 1 1/2 ounces Jägermeister and 1/2 a can of Red Bull
>>
No. 828691 ID: 3abd97

So if she asked you to help out here, does that mean this place is your sister's bar?

>butter ball
Hey, her fluff is closer to being butter colored than yours!
>>
No. 828775 ID: 15a025
File 150484060209.png - (5.29KB , 800x600 , 16.png )
828775

>What kinda stuff can you make?
Whatever you call dumping an energy drink into a thing of red wine.

>I mean, amaretto sour is a classic, but I'm guessing you've gotta really wow her.
Well, what do you think will wow her then?
>>
No. 828777 ID: 15a025
File 150484064425.png - (3.37KB , 880x560 , 17.png )
828777

>give her a blow job
Excus-

>No I don't mean that I mean the drink, it's pretty simple to just use 1/4 ounce Baileys Irish cream liqueur 1/2 ounce amaretto almond liqueur and top it off with some whip cream.
Uh... what else you got?

>you could give her an orgasm which is 1/4 ounce vodka, 1/4 ounce amaretto liqueur, 1/4 ounce coffee liqueur, and 1/4 ounce Irish cream liqueur... why are you looking at me that way?
>>
No. 828779 ID: 15a025
File 150484086078.png - (5.27KB , 800x600 , 18.png )
828779

>fine if that isn't something you want to try to make how about a jager bomb then. It's just 1 1/2 ounces Jägermeister and 1/2 a can of Red Bull.
Hopefully it's explosive enough to wow her. Let's try it!

Candy: "Alright, how about a jager bomb?"

She puts the other bottles away and slams two new ones down on the counter.
Marsh: "Alright, thirty seconds then!"
>>
No. 828780 ID: 15a025
File 150484091445.png - (5.00KB , 800x600 , 19.png )
828780

I what? Where's the measuring glass!
Marsh: "Twenty-five, lets get going here!"

I just grab the bottle a dump some into the bigger glass, and pour some of the energy drink in the tiny glass till it's half full? Then I go to empty the tiny shot into the bigger one but drop it in like... a butterball.

Marsh: "Times up, bottoms up!"
>>
No. 828783 ID: 15a025
File 150484126656.gif - (21.78KB , 800x600 , 20.gif )
828783

She snatches my mess of a drink off the counter and downs it in one gulp! After she finishes it, she quickly slides it off to the side.
>>
No. 828784 ID: 15a025
File 150484139503.gif - (180.67KB , 800x600 , 21.gif )
828784

Marsh: "..."

Candy: "So...how was it?"

Marsh: "Eh. It was alright."

Candy: "Did I pass?"

Marsh: "Who said the test was over?"

Candy: "Oh, I suppose one drink isn't enough eh?"

Marsh: "Nah, drinking time's over. Now I want you to give me your best shot."

Candy: "You said drinking times over though?"

She hops over the counter, and stands up in front of me.

Marsh: "Your other kind of best shot. Hit me."

I'm getting the feeling something isn't right here?
>>
No. 828788 ID: 094652

Throw a curveball and SMOOCH
>>
No. 828790 ID: 3abd97

>I'm getting the feeling something isn't right here?
Probably not.

>>828788
Seems about right.

"I'm a lover, not a fighter."
>>
No. 828791 ID: 3ce125

>>828784
Um, why?
>>
No. 828811 ID: 3ae33e

...hit her with a bar stool!
>>
No. 828819 ID: 15a025
File 150485170145.png - (5.27KB , 800x600 , 22.png )
828819

>Throw a curveball and SMOOCH
I'm not really into that...

>Um, why?
>"I'm a lover, not a fighter."

Candy: "Uh...Why?"

The goofy unenthusiastic tone in her reply makes me take her less seriously now.
Marsh: "Cause arg. I'm an angry drunk who wants to cause some ruckus and maybe break a few things. Now punch me and prove you're tough enough to handle that shit."

Uh, still not sure here. Should I give her my best shot, or decline the weird strength test?

>...hit her with a bar stool!
Or should I whack her with the bar stool?
>>
No. 828820 ID: ec5ca0

>>828819
Ah. you know what a full nelson is? Try that.
>>
No. 828827 ID: 91ee5f

Odds are, the bar stools are bolted to the floor.

So I guess attack her?

Here, let me help: Pretend she's one of those asshole terrorists that was trying to kidnap your best friend Rainy a few years ago and she's trying to use you to get to her.

You're not about to let that happen, are you?! Let her have it! Protect Rainy!
>>
No. 828828 ID: 8cb228

>>828819
Give her some sort of hit or martial art move appropriate to use on an angry, drunk person!
>>
No. 828880 ID: ba506f

if the stool isn't attached to the floor then swing away, if it is then I guess tackle her legs, grab her around the knees if she doesn't go down and lift to try and knock her on her ass the get on top of her and cock your fist back like your about to throw a punch and ask if you should continue. As to why I'm asking you to tackle her is because in a fight if you can knock someone down and get on top of them you have a huge advantage. Plus this way you might not have to hit her.
>>
No. 828952 ID: 486e87

Just punch her, cause that's what she said. I have to admit this is a pretty odd test, hazing thing maybe? What are you getting into?

You ever done boxing? Left foot in front of the other, punch across not straight forward, use your torso and legs to add additional force.
>>
No. 828989 ID: 15a025
File 150491887920.gif - (261.34KB , 800x600 , 23.gif )
828989

>Odds are, the bar stools are bolted to the floor.
Yeah, I better take a quick glance at them in case they-yup. They're bolted down.

>if it is then I guess tackle her legs, grab her around the knees if she doesn't go down and lift to try and knock her on her ass the get on top of her and cock your fist back like you're about to throw a punch and ask if you should continue. As to why I'm asking you to tackle her is because in a fight if you can knock someone down and get on top of them you have a huge advantage. Plus this way you might not have to hit her.

That's an idea I can get behind! I still feel kind of feel weird about-

>Here, let me help: Pretend she's one of those asshole terrorists that was trying to kidnap your best friend Rainy a few years ago and she's trying to use you to get to her. You're not about to let that happen, are you?! Let her have it! Protect Rainy!

I spring forward at Marsh and tackle her down, full force! After I get her down I try to keep her pinned and keep a punch ready

Candy: "Should I keep going here?

Marsh: "Nah, you're fine. Not bad either. Here I thought I was gonna have to rough ya up a bit to get ya going."
>>
No. 828990 ID: 15a025
File 150491895042.png - (5.30KB , 800x600 , 24.png )
828990

Candy: "So what's next?"

Marsh: "You get off me."

I get off of Marsh and help her back up. As soon as she's back up, she hops over the bar again.
>So if she asked you to help out here, does that mean this place is your sister's bar?

Candy: "So Marsh, is this place my sister's bar or?"

Marsh: "Yeah she owns the place, but I'm the one who runs it."

Sugar: "Ha, that's a funny way of asking for a pay cut Marsh. So how'd that little initiation go? I see there's no blood on the floor, so what happened?"

Marsh: "She passed. About time we get someone else who can handle the drinks and the drunks."

Sugar: "What do you mean about time? We've got-"

Marsh: "She's always out running your errands remember?"

Sugar: "Oh, right."

Candy: "So sugar, what's next on our reunion tonight?"

Sugar: "I don't know, it's your night out tonight. You tell me."

Candy: "Well, what's in town here?"

Sugar: "Not much is open now, streets haven't been exactly safe at night lately. But uh...let's see? We got a mall down the road, then my candy shop just a road away from the mall, uh...maybe the flower shop? No idea how late they stay open."
>>
No. 828996 ID: ba506f

why's it been not safe at night?

wait, she owns a bar & a candy shop? what else does she own? Hell let's check out the candy shop and see if we need to fight the clerk there as well.
>>
No. 829003 ID: 91ee5f

>>828990
So why isn't it safe to be out at night?

Wait, she owns the Candy shop too?! O_o

What else does she own?!

And to think, we were worried she'd steal us and take us to the cops for some money! .....you probably shouldn't tell her that we're enchanted, just in case.

Also, since she's your sister, if you ask nicely, shell give you some free samples form the candy store! Just try not to abuse that too much. Because that's a good way to quickly get fat!
>>
No. 829424 ID: 15a025
File 150501807716.png - (5.47KB , 800x600 , 25.png )
829424

>Wait, she owns the Candy shop too?!
>wait, she owns a bar & a candy shop? what else does she own?

Candy: "Wait, you own a bar and a candy shop?"

Sugar: "Yeah."

Candy: "Okay, what else do you own?"

Sugar: "Bought our grandparent's old run down mansion."

Candy: "Why?"

Sugar: "Fix-er-upper project. Plus is ways out of town, case shit hits the fan."

>So why isn't it safe to be out at night?
>why's it been not safe at night?

Candy: "Speaking of, you said it hasn't been safe out at night? What's been going on?"

Sugar: "What hasn't been going on! People been getting attacked and mugged. A few missing ads have been popping up around town too."

Candy: "Okay...note taken."

Sugar: "Hope I don't got ya too spooked to still have a good time?"

Candy: "Nah, I've probably dealt with worse situations back at college."

Sugar: "Yeah, if you say so. Anyway back on topic, where you wanna go?"

>Hell let's check out the candy shop and see if we need to fight the clerk there as well.
Candy: "I wanna check out this candy shop."

Sugar: "Alright! Later Marsh."

Marsh: "Yeah, yeah, later."
>>
No. 829426 ID: 15a025
File 150501813916.png - (5.18KB , 800x600 , 26.png )
829426

Over at the candy store, things look even more dead than the bar. Person at the register looks like they're ready for a nap. Least it smells really sweet in here.

Sugar: "Sharcole how's it going!"

Sharcole: "It's uh...going?"

Sugar: "Great. I'd like you to meet my sister, Candy. She's gonna be working with us for the next couple of months."

Sharcole: "Oh, hello."

Sugar: "I'ma let you two chit chat a bit, I got some things in the back room to prepare while I'm here.

I stand around waiting for her to perk up and throw some kind of initiation test at me or something. She just kind of stands there, in awkward silence though?
>>
No. 829439 ID: 3ce125

Ask her how's business. What's the best selling product here?
>>
No. 829443 ID: ba506f

...(cough)
so, uhh, long night?

Also quick question, how many people work for Sugar? I mean we've met Marsh already and she made it sound like Team Sugar is a little short handed.
>>
No. 829449 ID: 91ee5f

>>829424
>"Nah, I've probably dealt with worse situations back at college."
Oh, yeah, you never did tell her about your adventures in foiling terrorist plots, did you?

I'm not saying that you should tell her though. I'll let you decide on when you should do that.

Hey, speaking of the good old days, do you still have that flute that let's you summon Tybalt? Did you happen to bring it with you? And has Tybalt managed to grow bigger or is he still tiny sized?

I ask because if you get in trouble, being able to summon Tybalt might come in handy!

>>829426
.....oh man, this is so awkward, I never know what to do in these situations! >_<;;

I guess, ask her how business is going?
>>
No. 829457 ID: 7b65b9

Ask her what her favorite candy is, and how she met your sister.

Also if she wants to lick a new type of Candy Cane ﴾܍ ͟ل͜܍﴿
>>
No. 829657 ID: 3abd97

Sooooo, you're not gonna ask me to hit you, right?

Open kinda late for a candy shop. You get much business this time of night? Seems kinda a small town for there to be enough people with the midnight munchies. (Now, back in college, that was a different story).
>>
No. 829693 ID: 15a025
File 150509692967.png - (5.39KB , 800x600 , 27.png )
829693

>you never did tell her about your adventures in foiling terrorist plots, did you?
Nope, not something I really feel safe sharing with anyone not involved from that week.
>Hey, speaking of the good old days, do you still have that flute that lets you summon Tybalt?
Yup! I've got my little chimera buddy back at home watching the place while I'm gone. If something happens he's supposed to come find or get me.
>has Tybalt managed to grow bigger or is he still tiny sized?
He's still kind of tiny.

>so, uhh, long night?
Candy: "So...long night?"

Sharcole: "Huh? Oh, yeah. I've been having hard time getting any sleep lately."

>Ask her how's business. What's the best selling product here?
>I guess, ask her how business is going?
Candy: "How's business been?"

Sharcole: "Weird. Couple of customers got into a fight over some stuff Sugar sells in the backroom today."

Candy: "What's she got back there that's worth fighting over?"

Sharcole: "I'm not sure if I can tell you or not? You'd have to ask her."

Candy: "Alright...What's the best seller then?"

Sharcole: "These milky-lime flavored candy bars here on the bottom shelf been pretty popular lately. My home-made cookies in the jar there usually sell out by the end of the day to."

Candy: "What kind of cookies are there?"

Sharcole: "Double chocolate chip peanut butter cup cookies."

I already regret not bringing more money with me.

>Open kinda late for a candy shop. You get much business this time of night?
Candy: "Get much business here late at night?"

Sharcole: "Some nights. People come running here after work and wipe out a few shelves."
>>
No. 829695 ID: 15a025
File 150509701981.gif - (386.72KB , 800x600 , 28.gif )
829695

>how many people work for Sugar? I mean we've met Marsh already and she made it sound like Team Sugar is a little short handed.

Candy: "Do you know how many people work for my sister? Already met Marsh, and she made it sound like Sugar's shorthanded?"

Sharcole: "Well, there's-wait you've met Marsh?"

Candy: "Yeah?"

Sharcole: "Today?"

Candy: "Yeah, just a little bit ago."

Sharcole: "A...and you're not all bruised up or bleeding?"

Candy: "No. What's with the weird questions?"

Sharcole: "Noreason,nevermind."

Candy: "Okay? Anyway back to my question, how many people are working for my sister?"

Sharcole: "Four, counting myself."

It's another awkward silence after that question.
>Sooooo, you're not gonna ask me to hit you, right?
Candy: "So...you're not going to ask me to fight you too, are you?"

I watch her sink below the register...
>>
No. 829706 ID: 094652

Ask for a cookie and see how many she throws at you in terror. Kiss her if they're THAT GOOD.
>>
No. 829709 ID: 3ce125

>>829695
I'll take that as a no.
>>
No. 829715 ID: 91ee5f

Ohhh, I see what's going on.

You told her that you met Marsh today and you're not beaten up at all!

I'm guessing Marsh does the "fight me if you wanna work here" thing a lot if Sharcole was expecting you to be injured somehow! And since you're not injured, that must me nobody has even not been injured before! And if she's hiding from you, she must think the only way you've walked away without getting injured is if you're way stronger than Marsh and you've beaten her into a bloody mess!

You should probably tell her what happened so that she knows that Marsh isn't hurt and you're not some crazy strong and very scary monster lady!
>>
No. 829727 ID: 3abd97

>going into a potentially dangerous situation
>left the guardian summoning tool behind.
Candy!

>I watch her sink below the register...
I'm not scary, really!
>>
No. 829802 ID: ba506f

huh, congratulations. You're now intimidating.

Probably a good idea to try and shift topics. Ask about the other 2 people that work for your sister seeing how you've only met her and Marsh. Also ask how much for one of those cookies.

Probably should ask your sister next time you see her what exactly it is you'll be doing around her to earn your keep. I figure you'll probably be bartending but I'm not sure if your sister will have you do more if she is short handed.
>>
No. 829817 ID: 91ee5f

>>829727
She actually said she left Tybalt behind, she never mentioned if she left the flute behind as well.

But if she did leave the flute behind, then I agree with you!

Candy, you fool!
>>
No. 829936 ID: 15a025
File 150517612302.png - (5.15KB , 800x600 , 29.png )
829936

>But if she did leave the flute behind, then I agree with you! Candy, you fool!

Yeah I left the flute behind. Too risky to be walking around with magic stuff in public. Laws and stuff on that suck.

>I'm guessing Marsh does the "fight me if you wanna work here" thing a lot if Sharcole was expecting you to be injured somehow!
>congratulations. You're now intimidating.
Ah great. She probably thinks I'm some monster or something now.

>You should probably tell her what happened so that she knows that Marsh isn't hurt and you're not some crazy strong and very scary monster lady!
Candy: "Wait...you think I beat up Marsh"

Sharcole: "Well, yeah? Everyone ends up having to fight her. And you're kind of the first one who isn't beat up after that so..."

Candy: "We didn't really fight, I just kind of tackled her and that was it."

Sharcole: "Yeah but that's still a scary accomplishment! Marsh is really tough! Not to mention I still have to throw a test at you too!"

Candy: "Oh don't tell me I have to fight you as well?"

Sharcole: "Well, if you want to I kind of have to. Uh... otherwise it's kind of your pick between two things."

Candy: "Which are?"

Sharcole: "One is doing a practice sale with me, and trying to get me to buy as much as you can. The other is to see who can eat more boxes of candy before getting sick."

Leave it to my sister to come up with these weird employment tests. Both of those could be a good time though. What'll it be ghosties?
>>
No. 829947 ID: 91ee5f

>>829936
>Too risky to be walking around with magic stuff in public.
Oh.....I see. Soooo, does that mean you're gonna turn us in to the police? Please don't turn us in, I'm begging you! )-':>

>practice sale, eating contest, or fight her?
Well, you heard her. Go beat her up. Tell her to come out from behind the register and face you!

.....uh, don't actually beat her up though. It's just a joke, since she said that she'd have to fight you if you wanted to fight her. Make sure you tell her that you're just kidding!

I guess, if you don't know anything about selling candy, then I'm sure you know all about eating candy! So challenge her to an eating contest and go eat yourself! .....you get it? Because your name is Candy and you're gonna be eating candy, so I thought.....yeah, I'll shut up now.
>>
No. 829951 ID: ba506f

I say it depends, if you haven't eaten diner yet go for the candy challenge, but if you have or just not that hungry try the sales pitch.
>>
No. 829967 ID: 3abd97

>>829936
Fighting her is just mean, and eating till one of you gets sick is gonna suck for one or maybe both of you.

Let's do the sale! Most fun, least bruises and being sick.
>>
No. 829969 ID: 3ce125

Do the sale. Eating tons of candy will waste the store's stocks. That might even be a trap so they know to keep you away from the candy.

When selling candy like this I expect a good way to boost a sale would be to suggest buying candy for friends or family. You could also suggest things that go well with whatever they're buying, or point out things you have on sale.
>>
No. 830137 ID: 34a8ed

morer liqiuer.
>>
No. 830192 ID: 15a025
File 150526672922.png - (5.15KB , 800x600 , 30.png )
830192

>Fighting her is just mean, and eating till one of you gets sick is gonna suck for one or maybe both of you. Let's do the sale! Most fun, least bruises and being sick.
>Do the sale. Eating tons of candy will waste the store's stocks. That might even be a trap so they know to keep you away from the candy.

Shoot, that last point there is a good one.

>When selling candy like this I expect a good way to boost a sale would be to suggest buying candy for friends or family. You could also suggest things that go well with whatever they're buying, or point out things you have on sale.
Something else I'll have to remember!

Candy: "Alright, let's do the sale!"

I hear Sharcole let out a small sigh of relief.

Sharcole: "Alright, let's switch spots then. Oh! I guess I should give you a chance to learn about the candy we've got for sale first. Read through the packaging on the shelf while I get some play money for this!"
>>
No. 830193 ID: 15a025
File 150526677359.png - (4.73KB , 800x600 , 31.png )
830193

Alright let's see what we go here then.

First we've got those milky-lime candy bars she was talking about. They're called "Sublime Bars". Packaging describes them as: "A taste lime sure you won't forget." They're priced pretty high at two bucks, but on the shelf it says there's a buy two, get one free deal.
>>
No. 830195 ID: 15a025
File 150526680860.png - (5.09KB , 800x600 , 32.png )
830195

Then on the next row, there's some boxes of assorted chocolates. Each of the gift boxes have different labels on them saying what's in them. There's a ton of them, so you name a chocolate, there's probably a box of it up here. They're priced at fifteen bucks a box.
>>
No. 830196 ID: 15a025
File 150526685910.png - (5.34KB , 800x600 , 33.png )
830196

The stuff all the way up on the top shelf really raises my interest, as I'm not even sure it's something you can really sell in a store like this? It's a box of dark chocolates called "Ebony Thunder Shots" and advertises on the packaging that the chocolates contain shots of various alcoholic drinks in them? The box costs fifty dollars!? Guess that might be why it's on the top shelf by the register.
>>
No. 830198 ID: 15a025
File 150526695491.png - (5.07KB , 800x600 , 34.png )
830198

Before I get to look around anymore, Sharcole comes back with a wad of cash! I'm sure if other candy is brought up or thought of, it'll probably be somewhere in the store here.

Candy: "Wow, how much did you get!"

Sharcole: "I got fi-"
I hear her clear throat.
Sharcole: "Wait I mean, is that something you'd normally ask a customer?"

Shoot, she got me!
Candy: "Well, no I guess not."

Sharcole: "Alright then. Now, uh...could you help me out?"

Candy: "Sure, what can I help you with?"

Sharcole: "I'm here looking to get some candy to hand out as gifts and prizes at a party I'm going to Sunday night. I see there's a few different kinds up behind you, are those what's popular lately?" Do you think you could tell me a bit about one of them?"
>>
No. 830249 ID: 094652

The inventory looks suspiciously like that of a famous grocery store franchise, with all kinds of back-to-basics foodstuffs designed, seasoned, and packaged in weird ways - not insane weird, just parody weird. I'll try to compare the products with stuff I found at the other store, see if their tactics can make a selling point.

>Sublime bar
You might be thinking, "gee whiz, why should I spend an extra dollar for some flavoring"? Well, you buxom fluffy, have you ever tried such a unique flavor as lime? Now you may be thinking to yourself, if I'm going to spend 'two dollahz' on this lime bar, why don't I just spend 'one dollah...z' to make some my-INCORRECT! You'd be wasting time, ingredients, and would need a high-school degree in confectionery to get it just right on the first try! We dare to come up with different flavors, and we use science and experimentation to optimize the recipe, and risk defaulting on a large inventory so that YOU, the customer, can try these creatively interesting treats! And that's not even getting to the best part - LOOK at these nutrition facts! You read it right, this entire bar is a mere 300 calories! Not 900, not 600, but an easy 300! Why even the carbohydrates are a mere 30g, and we only needed ten grams of sugar to get that sweet-lime flavor just right! So go ahead and try a bit of lime with your next candy bar! But please hurry! If you find that hint of zesty lime simply sublime, get as much as you can before we have to dare again with our next amazing flavors!

>Carmel Sample Box
(Huh, it's spelled Caramel and pronounced "carm-l", but nobody cares. Just call it "care-a-mel" and move on. I'd estimate about 8X8X4=256 caramels in this little box, so let's go with that.) Sample over TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY SIX FLAVORS with this amazing sample box of caramel treats! Toffee! Coffee! Flan! Buttermilk! ButterSCOTCH! Chocolate! Fudge! Spicy! Cadbury! GOO! (that last part is because the Cadbury company in our world has some @#$%ed-up commercials, replace 'cadbury' with whatever confectionary company uses commercials where their products commit suicide to show off all the sweet gooey cream filling), over fifteen different pieces of candy per dollar, it's a steal for parties!

>Thunder Shots
Save a ton of money on red wine with these alcohol-filled chocolate bottles! Just whip them out and you've got enough novelty to feed your friends a satisfying nibble of wine to go with their chocolate tasting! WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?! Only $50, buy a bunch and spend the rest of your wine money on the lesbian app Haymaker!

Also, the grocery store that sells stuff like this really can get weirder than this. I mean, where else can you find BACON-FLAVORED POPCORN?!
>>
No. 830256 ID: 91ee5f

>>830198
>"I got fi-"
Since you said it's a wad of cash, I think she might have 50 with her.

>gifts and prizes at a party I'm going to Sunday night.
Even though she could get a lot of the lime bars, not everyone is gonna like lime! And the chocolates that supposedly contain shots of various alcoholic drinks in them is too expensive and it's a party for multiple people, you don't have only 1 prize and not everyone would want alcoholic chocolate.

So I think you should try to convince her to buy the boxes of assorted chocolates.

>Do you think you could tell me a bit about one of them?
The assorted chocolates are going to be the "one" that you're gonna be describing to her.

I think you should tell her that these boxes are a good choice because they've got a variety of flavors in each of them and if anyone has an allergy to certain flavors, the labels on the boxes will tell you which flavors are in the box so that you can avoid the ones that you're allergic to!

>>830249
Ok, I don't know much about selling things, but I'm pretty sure that's not how you do it.
>>
No. 830474 ID: 2a13fa

Since you're hosting a party, I would recommend a sample box. Variety is important, and so is simplicity; you're not going to want to give out fancy dark chocolate or anything like that. You'll get more bang for your buck as a result. Plus, who doesn't love Caramel?
>>
No. 830566 ID: 15a025
File 150542800663.png - (5.12KB , 800x600 , 35.png )
830566

>The inventory looks suspiciously like that of a famous grocery store franchise, with all kinds of back-to-basics foodstuffs designed, seasoned, and packaged in weird ways - not insane weird, just parody weird.
Yeah, these are some weird candies.

>Since you said it's a wad of cash, I think she might have 50 with her.
>Even though she could get a lot of the lime bars, not everyone is gonna like lime! And the chocolates that supposedly contain shots of various alcoholic drinks in them is too expensive and it's a party for multiple people, you don't have only 1 prize and not everyone would want alcoholic chocolate.

Yeah, if she has just fifty dollars. The ebony thunder shots are going to be too much after taxes. The sampling boxes might be my best shot. Ideally I could get her to buy three of them, and then maybe squeeze in a candy bar sale if she has enough left.
Candy: "Well, maybe I could interest you in some sampling boxes? Each box has a variety of chocolates in them, and we've got a wide variety of boxes to pick from"

Sharcole: "Oh? What's usually inside them? Is it kind of like a blind box or, is there some kind of theme?"

>I think you should tell her that these boxes are a good choice because they've got a variety of flavors in each of them and if anyone has an allergy to certain flavors, the labels on the boxes will tell you which flavors are in the box so that you can avoid the ones that you're allergic to!
Candy: "Well, each box is labeled with a different flavor. For example this box has various caramel candies in it. All the boxes are labeled too, in case someone has allergies to watch out for."

Sharcole: "How many chocolates are in a box, and how many of the same are in it?"

Candy: "Uh?"

I shuffle the box around, looking to find that there's...only twenty chocolates in a box?
Candy: "Twenty chocolates a box."

Sharcole: "I guess that's not too bad. A little pricey but I think I'll take a milk chocolate box and that caramel one you got there."

I leave the caramel box on the counter, dig around for a milk chocolate box off the shelf, and set it on the counter as well.
Sharcole: "Thanks!"
>>
No. 830572 ID: 15a025
File 150542964630.png - (4.79KB , 800x600 , 36.png )
830572

Candy: "Will that be all, or can I interest you in something else?"

Sharcole: "Well, I should probably pick up something else out. I've got two big gifts, maybe I should pick out something for a smaller present?"

Shoot, only thing up at the counter that's smaller are those lime bars. Should I try and push for a sale on those, or recommend some other kind of candy to here? Name it, and it's probably on a shelf off to the side over there?
>>
No. 830574 ID: 094652

Chocolate bar with pop rocks inside?

How about ice-cream flavored gummy worms?

... Sugar-free candy canes?
>>
No. 830595 ID: 91ee5f

>>830566
>2 boxes.
Ok, so not including taxes, that's $30. Which means she's got at least $20 left.

>>830572
Try to convince her to buy multiple things that are priced at $2 or less. And if there are any signs that you can see that offer a "buy 1 get 1" deal or something like that and it's priced at $2 or less, try selling those.

>lime bars?
Yeah, go ahead and try to sell those.

>Types of candy?
There's candy canes, Skittles, Paydays, lollipops of various flavors, suckers that have candy or gum in the middle, M&M's, and Butterfingers.

Uhhh, is it close to a holiday of some kind? Try selling the holiday themed candy.

Annnd, uhhh, that's all I've got. Good luck.
>>
No. 830645 ID: 15a025
File 150545390523.png - (5.23KB , 800x600 , 37.png )
830645

>Chocolate bar with pop rocks inside?
Candy: "For an explosive surprise, grab a chocolate bar with pop rocks inside!"

Sharcole: "Oh, Pop-o-lates are always a good novelty candy! I'm going to grab a few of those real quick!"

>Yeah, go ahead and try to sell those lime bars.
Candy: "We also have a buy two, get one free deal on our Sublime Bars."

Sharcole: "Hmmm... yeah I guess I'll take three of those then."

>Uhhh, is it close to a holiday of some kind? Try selling the holiday themed candy.
Christmas is still about a month away, maybe I can stick a sale on some candy canes.
Candy: "With Christmas coming up around the corner, maybe you could spread some early season joy to festive up the party?"

Sharcole: "Isn't it a little early to be mentioning Christmas?"

Candy: "Yeah...I guess."

Sharcole: "Alright, I think I've got everything I need for my party then."

Candy: "Let me ring up your...wait where's the little barcode scanner?"

Sharcole: "Whops, should of told you that before. You gotta punch in the prices for everything manually, and then in the log book under the register you need to write down all the candies sold. It's a little old fashioned."

Oh, this is going to be kind of a pain. I pound the really clicky keys on the register, and it does the tax automatically. Everything added up to be thirty-eight dollars and thirty-four cents.
>>
No. 830646 ID: 15a025
File 150545395937.png - (5.69KB , 800x600 , 38.png )
830646

As soon as the register chimes open, Sugar comes out from the back room.
Sugar: "So, what do you think of her Sharcole? She someone you'd want to work with?"

Sharcole: "I wouldn't mind having to work with her at all."

Sugar: "Alright, congrats then Candy. You got Marsh and Sharcole's approval. You'll start working tomorrow."

Candy: "Working where though? Here, or at the bar?"

Sugar: "I don't know, depends on how things are going. Might even wait on that actually, and have you meet another member of our little gang tomorrow. We can worry about it later. What can worry about, is what we're going to do tonight! Candy, you feel like run to the mall and hitting up this little cafe Marsh is always raving about? Could also start heading back to my place and check it out if you wanted to? I'm up for whatever though, it's still your night Candy."
>>
No. 830652 ID: 91ee5f

>>830646
Might as well check out the mall. It's not like you've got a set bedtime or anything.

Just don't stay out too late, young lady! Or else I'll...I'll...I, uh, didn't think this through. I can't exactly ground you or anything like that to punish you.

Oh, well. Just go have fun!
>>
No. 830741 ID: 15a025
File 150551021051.png - (5.54KB , 800x600 , 39.png )
830741

>Might as well check out the mall. It's not like you've got a set bedtime or anything.
Candy: "I'm up for a trip to the mall."

Sugar: "Alright! Sharcole, hit the lights and close up."

Sharcole: "Why?"

Sugar: "Cause you're coming with! Candy, help her speed things a long and put those boxes of candy back on the shelves."
>>
No. 830742 ID: 15a025
File 150551025208.png - (5.04KB , 800x600 , 40.png )
830742

After we get things put away, Sugar drives us past the mall and back to the bar.
Candy: "Why are we back here?"

Sugar: "To pick up Marsh. She'd probably kill us if we went to that cafe without her."

Sugar honks the horn, and soon Marsh is out the door and jamming herself in the back.
Marsh: "I had a feeling you were gonna come back. So where we heading tonight?"

Sugar: "Your favorite place over at the mall!"

Marsh: "Well that's a surprise! Usually when I bring up going there, you-"

Sugar: "Yeah yeah, whatever. Tonight's special. Now quiet so I can focus on driving here."
>>
No. 830743 ID: 15a025
File 150551028675.png - (5.90KB , 800x600 , 41.png )
830743

When we get to the mall, Marsh rushes us in and over to the little cafe place.
Marsh: "Alright, where we sitting tonight. Inside or out here?"

Sugar: "Does it matter?"

Marsh: "Yeah, cause a table inside is like five bucks."

Sugar: "What, it costs money just to have a couple drinks in a store?"

Marsh: "Yeah, it's kind of a fancy place actually. They even got live music playing in there sometimes. What, I think it's worth the extra couple of bucks."

Sugar: "Whatever, don't be looking at me like that. It's up to my sis Marsh."
>>
No. 830745 ID: 91ee5f

>>830743
It's a special occasion. Let's spend the extra five to sit inside. We might get to see someone performing live music if we're lucky.
>>
No. 830801 ID: eda54c

>>830743
ask marsh if there's a karaoke night
>>
No. 830846 ID: 7b65b9

You may as well go inside since it's your first day here. You'd probably run less risk of getting mugged if you were inside too, if it's as big as a problem as your sister made it sound.
>>
No. 830863 ID: 15a025
File 150557619116.png - (5.92KB , 800x600 , 42.png )
830863

>ask marsh if there's a karaoke night
Candy: "They got karaoke night here?"

Marsh: "Yeah, sometimes they do a little karaoke or open house night."

>It's a special occasion. Let's spend the extra five to sit inside. We might get to see someone performing live music if we're lucky
Candy: "I say let's spend the extra five to get a table inside."

Sugar: "Alright, it's coming out of your wallet though Marsh."

Marsh: "Fine with me."

We walk in the cafe, and I can hear some jazzy saxophone music playing somewhere. Before we go to find a table, a little ferret guy peeks over the podium.

Podium Ferret: "Ah Marsh, good evening! Here for a table tonight, or for some drinks to on the go?"
Marsh: "Table for four tonight, Vienna!"

Vienna: "That'll be five dollars please."

Marsh hands the lil ferret the entry fee, and then escorts us over to a table.
>>
No. 830864 ID: 15a025
File 150557622613.png - (6.13KB , 800x600 , 43.png )
830864

Marsh: "Hey, Vienna. Who's up on stage playing?"

Vienna: "Tonight we have the popular William 'Jazz' Whiskerlips playing a few new pieces."

Marsh: "Never heard of him, but what I hear is pretty catchy."

Vienna: "May I take your orders now, or should I come back in a few minutes?"

Marsh: "I'm ready. I'll have a chocolate latte to start the night."

Sharcole: Uh... I guess I'll have a cup of tea?"

Vienna: "What kind?"

Sharcole: "I guess peppermint tea sounds interesting."

Sugar: "Peppermint tea? Alright, I gotta try that too."

Shoot, I kind of don't know what to order. What do you spooky ghosts like to drink for a warm beverage?
>>
No. 830865 ID: 3abd97

>Christmas is still about a month away
>"Isn't it a little early to be mentioning Christmas?"
A month before is not at all early for Christmas in retail land. Retail Christmas started months ago.

>What do you spooky ghosts like to drink for a warm beverage?
Personally, I'm a fan of mulled cider.
>>
No. 830869 ID: eda54c

>>830864
irish coffee with extra whiskey

you're going to be an even angrier drunk than Marsh after this is over
>>
No. 830883 ID: 91ee5f

>>830864
>What do you spooky ghosts like to drink for a warm beverage?
You mean if we could drink anything? Cause we can't exactly tell you what we drink since we're just an earring.

But I've never been into a cafe, so I've got no idea what to get. Maybe since you didn't get a chance to look at the menu, you should play it safe and just get the same thing someone else ordered?

I think peppermint tea sounds good.
>>
No. 831092 ID: 15a025
File 150567168829.png - (6.32KB , 800x600 , 44.png )
831092

>You mean if we could drink anything? Cause we can't exactly tell you what we drink since we're just an earring.
Whops.

>Irish coffee with extra whiskey. you're going to be an even angrier drunk than Marsh after this is over.
I don't think this place has alcoholic beverages. Plus, if we were going to get drunk, I'm sure Sugar would have had us drink at her bar.

>But I've never been into a cafe, so I've got no idea what to get. Maybe since you didn't get a chance to look at the menu, you should play it safe and just get the same thing someone else ordered? I think peppermint tea sounds good.
Candy: "Guess I'll try some peppermint tea tonight too."

Vienna: "I'll be back with your drinks shortly then."

The little ferret guy scurries off.

Sugar: "So how well do you this coffee guy Marsh? Kind of sounds like you two are-"

Marsh: "Nah, I'm just a semi-regular here."
>>
No. 831093 ID: 15a025
File 150567174683.png - (6.42KB , 800x600 , 45.png )
831093

We chill out and listen to the catchy jazz music playing till Vienna comes back with our drinks.
Vienna: "Three peppermint teas and a chocolate latte!"

Marsh: "Thanks Vienna!"

Vienna: "Is there anything else I can get you?"

Marsh: "Nah, we're good for now.

Vienna: "Very well. Just buzz me over if you need anything."

He scurries off again.
While we're sipping on our drinks, I notice it's kind of quiet besides the music playing. Feel like I should try and strike up with a conversation with Marsh or Sharcole. What should I talk about or ask? Or is this something else I should do?
>>
No. 831100 ID: 91ee5f

>>831093
I think you should ask your sister what she's been up to since the last time you saw her. Other than the obvious of her owning a bar and a candy shop.
>>
No. 831125 ID: eda54c

>>831093
sit there in confident silence until somebody else strikes up conversation
>>
No. 831317 ID: eda54c

>>831093
>>831125
just kidding ask the group how their first encounters with marsh went. This will gauge whether or not marsh just has a hard exterior and a soft interior or vice versa.
>>
No. 831383 ID: 15a025
File 150578692148.gif - (344.99KB , 800x600 , 46.gif )
831383

>I think you should ask your sister what she's been up to since the last time you saw her. Other than the obvious of her owning a bar and a candy shop.
Candy: "So Sugar, other than running your stores. What have you been doing all this time?"

Sugar: "Trying to fix up the old mansion I bought. Place is kind of a dump, at least we got the utilities going working again. Couple of the rooms are re-paired into a more livable state. Been fighting to get a phone line ran out there, but phone company ain't having it. 'Too far outta town' I guess."

>ask the group how their first encounters with marsh went. This will gauge whether or not marsh just has a hard exterior and a soft interior or vice versa.
Candy: "How did you and Marsh meet up?"

Sugar: "She was just a regular all nighter at the bar when I first opened up. After watching her beat the crud out of a few trouble makers I hired her to be kind of a bouncer for the place."

Candy: "What made you want to work there Marsh?"

Marsh: "I get free drinks or candy after closing."

Candy: "What about you Sharcole? How'd you and Marsh meet up?"

Sharcole: "Well, Sugar hired me to work at the candy store and I mentioned a few people were getting into fights over some things. So Marsh came in and kicked them out. You'd be surprised at how often that's actually happened..."

Candy: "The fights, or Marsh coming in to kick people out?"

Sharcole: "Fights were breaking out in the store so often, Marsh had to just come in regularly and work there with me."

Candy: "What kind of candy are you selling that's worth getting into a figh-"

Some weird computery music starts blaring over by Sugar.

Sugar: "Shoot, hang on I'll be right back."

She gets up and runs out.
>>
No. 831386 ID: 91ee5f

>>831383
>Trying to fix up the old mansion I bought.
Hey, Candy? If I could drink, I'd be spitting my drink out in surprise right now! Because holy shit, your sister bought a mansion and she can afford to get it repaired?! O_o

Is she rich?! Did someone die and leave an inheritance for her in their will?! What's going on?!

And to think, we were afraid she'd steal us and sell us because she needed cash!

.....*ahem* Anyways, now that she's not here, ask Marsh and Sharcole if your sister is a good boss. They can be honest and you won't tell her if they say something bad about her.
>>
No. 831412 ID: 3ce125

>>831383
So is this like, a really rough town or something?
>>
No. 831414 ID: eda54c

>>831383
I don't think you should eat the candy
>>
No. 831415 ID: 91ee5f

>>831386
Oh no. Candy, I just thought of another way your sister can have this much money.

She might be doing.....illegal stuff in order to get this much money.

But let's not jump to conclusions! Until there's any actual proof, then your sister is not illegally selling things out of the back of both of her shops!
>>
No. 831497 ID: 34a8ed

eats a luiquuer
>>
No. 831504 ID: 3d2d5f

>Marsh: "I get free drinks or candy after closing."
Pfff. I can't help but read that as your sister paying off her bouncer with you, Candy.

Try asking again. Why's the candy store had such trouble with fights? Do they run out of something popular? Is there a crime problem?

>>831415
It's possible the candy store could be a front for something that would make more sense to attract fights, sure.

Not strong enough evidence to confront anyone over it, yet.
>>
No. 831659 ID: 15a025
File 150587648378.gif - (260.99KB , 800x600 , 47.gif )
831659

>Oh no. Candy, I just thought of another way your sister can have this much money. She might be doing.....illegal stuff in order to get this much money.
Wouldn't be all that surprised. Me and her used to actually mess around with smoking some weird and crazy stuff. She even taught me how to make those candy canes that you can smoke.

>Try asking again. Why's the candy store had such trouble with fights? Do they run out of something popular? Is there a crime problem?
>So is this like, a really rough town or something?
Candy: "So, why is the candy store having trouble with fights? Is there something you're always running out of stock? Theft? Just a rough town?"

Marsh: "Yeah, think that sums it all up. There's been a lot of nasty bums rolling around causing trouble."

>Anyways, now that she's not here, ask Marsh and Sharcole if your sister is a good boss. They can be honest and you won't tell her if they say something bad about her.
Candy: "Hey Marsh, what do you think of my sister as a boss?"

Marsh: "She's a pain to work for, but worth it all at the end of the day I guess?"

Candy: "Why's that?"

Marsh: "Well, she's-"
Sugar comes running back to the table looking kind of panicked
Sugar: "I gotta split Marsh! Emergency call from Roxie! Here's five bucks for a cab ride back to the bar. Head there, and then home when you're done tonight!"

Marsh: "What the hell happened!"

Sugar: "Talk about it when I get home!"

She throws some money on the table and runs off again.
>>
No. 831665 ID: 314bcd

Wonder if Sugar will be alright...
>>
No. 831666 ID: 094652

... This isn't another magical girl spy thriller, she's not working for that limb-happy psycho archmage because the plot says so. You gonna follow her or what?
>>
No. 831667 ID: eda54c

>>831659
>Wouldn't be all that surprised. Me and her used to actually mess around with smoking some weird and crazy stuff. She even taught me how to make those candy canes that you can smoke.

well shit in that case ask her about it and see if you can get in on the action (without touching the candy yourself, so you can stack that money)
>>
No. 831668 ID: eda54c

>>831667
in private, of course
>>
No. 831669 ID: 91ee5f

>>831659
Soooo, who's Roxie?

>"Talk about it when I get home!"
That sounded like she was saying everyone was living together.

Wait, let me guess, everyone lives at that mansion together, don't they?

.....I really hope they all sleep in separate beds, otherwise this might get a liiitle uncomfortable for you, Candy!
>>
No. 831719 ID: 3d2d5f

>>831659
>See you at home
...wait, do we know how to get there on your own? You might need help from your new friends slash coworkers.
>>
No. 832345 ID: 15a025
File 150620091381.png - (5.99KB , 800x600 , 48.png )
832345

>You gonna follow her or what?
Shoot, I didn't think of it!
Candy: "Hey Marsh, shouldn't we follow her and help out?"

I hear her let out a little sigh.
Marsh: "I'll be right back."

She grabs the money off the table and walks off to a room in the back? After a moments she comes back out and over to the table.
Marsh: "Alright, here's our plan then. I got a cab coming right now, and we're going back to the bar to get my car. From there, we'll head off to where Roxie's supposed to be."

Candy: "Why didn't we just go with Sugar!"

Marsh: "Because we still have to pay for our drinks. By then, she'd probably be on the road."
>>
No. 832346 ID: 15a025
File 150620100952.png - (5.11KB , 800x600 , 49.png )
832346

Since the cups belong to the cafe here, we all chug down the rest of them down, hurry over to pay our bill, and leave the mall just in time for our cab to pick us up.
Cab Driver: "Where to ladies?"

Marsh: "Take us over to the Electric Sheep."

The cab ride is pretty quick and we're back at the bar in no time. Then we hop into Marsh's car and get back on the road.
>>
No. 832348 ID: 15a025
File 150620112672.png - (5.68KB , 800x600 , 50.png )
832348

Candy: "So, who's Roxie?"
Marsh: "Someone else who works with us. Does deliveries and that kind of stuff for Sugar. If she isn't doing those, she's working at one of the stores."

> Wait, let me guess, everyone lives at that mansion together, don't they?
Candy: "Do you all live at Sugar's mansion?"

Marsh: "That dump? No. It's just going to be you, me, and her living there. Sharcole lives at an apartment complex in town, and I've no idea where Roxie lives."

Candy: "Wait, if you don't know where she lives. Then where are we heading?"

Marsh: "Oh right. We're off to the park by the train station. She was supposed to deliver some goods to one of our regulars there tonight."


We don't see Sugar or anyone else around when get to the park, but her car's parked close by. Marsh walks ahead a bit and howls over for us.

Marsh: "Yeah, something happened here all right."

Candy: "What makes you say-oh..."

There's a few different tracks of footprints and blood in the snow.

Marsh: "Tire tracks are probably from Roxie's scooter, and the track of footprints next to the tire track looks like Sugar's. No idea who's foot prints are all over the snow."

Sharcole: "So, aren't we going to follow them?"

Marsh: "Yeah, but which one? There's two tracks going off in two separate directions."
>>
No. 832353 ID: eda54c

Obviously a deal gone wrong. Ask Marsh and Sharcole if either of them own a gun.
>>
No. 832363 ID: 3abd97

>>832348
Follow the footprints with the blood. Whoever's hurt is going to need help.

Sorting out what happened, or who was in the wrong, can wait till after that's addressed.
>>
No. 832371 ID: 91ee5f

>>832348
I don't mean to be racist or anything, but can't Marsh use her nose to find Sugar and/or Roxie? I mean, she's been working with them long enough that she should know what they smell like, right? Or could she at least tell if that's Sugar's blood and/or Roxie's blood?
>>
No. 832413 ID: 314bcd

Follow blood trail; don't wanna let this come back to haunt you later.
>>
No. 832414 ID: 3ce125

>>832348
Is that blood on the tree or something else? It's a different color.
Personally I think you should call the police.
>>
No. 832577 ID: 2a13fa

yeah, i'd go with calling the cops.
>>
No. 833021 ID: 15a025
File 150647307468.png - (5.96KB , 800x600 , 51.png )
833021

>Is that blood on the tree or something else? It's a different color.
I'm not sure. It looks a little too brownish to be blood? The blood under the tree looks a little weird too actually, it's got kind of purple tint to it? Could just be the lack of light though.

>Personally I think you should call the police.
Candy: "Marsh, shouldn't we call the cops?"
Marsh: "Normally, yeah. Probably should. Problem though, Roxie was dealing stuff out here. We should probably figure out what happened here first."

>Ask Marsh and Sharcole if either of them own a gun.
Candy: "Either of you wouldn't happen to have a gun would you?"

Marsh: "Back at the bar, under the counter I do. Can't really hide a shotgun on the streets though."

Sharcole: "All I've got is a little bottle of pepper spray."

>can't Marsh use her nose to find Sugar and/or Roxie? I mean, she's been working with them long enough that she should know what they smell like, right? Or could she at least tell if that's Sugar's blood and/or Roxie's blood?
Candy: "Marsh, can you tell if that's Sugar's or Roxie's blood there?"

Marsh: "Do I look like a dog to you?"

Candy: "Y-"

Marsh: "Don't answer that."

I hear her let out a sigh.

Marsh: "Yeah, I think this is Roxie's blood. It's kind of hard to tell though, there's someone else's blood there too."
>>
No. 833022 ID: 15a025
File 150647312804.png - (6.16KB , 800x600 , 52.png )
833022

>Follow the footprints with the blood. Whoever's hurt is going to need help.
We run down the bloody trail and it goes out quite a ways till we find some people sitting on a bench.
Doberman Dog: "Marsh, tell me you brought a first aid kit or something!"

Marsh: "I'd love to, but no-body said anything about what's going here! Mind fixing that for us Roxie?"

Roxie: "We got jumped in the middle of deal. Someone came out from behind a tree and stabbed Tulip here in the back with a knife!"

Marsh: "What'd they look like, what happened after that? You return the favor?"

Roxie: "I couldn't get a good look at them. They were covered up in some robe and jacket. I managed to get them with my knife, and they went running off after that. I would have chased after them but Tulip was bleeding pretty bad and that's when I called Sugar."

Marsh: "So where is she now?"

Roxie: "I don't know! She just hopped on my scooter and left saying she'd be back in a bit."
>>
No. 833023 ID: 3abd97

Well, right then. Do we have anything on us that can be used for first aid? How bad off is the patient?

Who's got a phone? Sugar has hers, someone might want to call her and coordinate.

Or if she doesn't already have a plan, we might need to call 911, shady stuff or not.
>>
No. 833024 ID: eda54c

she's a gonner, though if you girls must, one of you apply pressure to the stab wound while the other applies mouth to mouth so that she doesn't pass out from lack of carbon dioxide
>>
No. 833026 ID: 3ce125

Okay since the attacker was stabbed by one of you, and Sugar might be going off to further assault them, calling the cops is seeming like a really bad idea. Unfortunately, not calling the cops means you're committing a crime... I think it's obstruction of justice? So long as you don't help them commit another crime like stab the attacker some more, you're not in too deep and the consequences aren't too severe.

Just try to help the stab victim. Are they still bleeding? How much blood have they lost exactly?
>>
No. 833032 ID: 91ee5f

>>833021
>The blood under the tree looks a little weird too actually, it's got kind of purple tint to it?
Aw, shit. Candy, I hate to say this, but there's only 1 thing that you've ever met that you know bleeds purple blood! I think there was a chimera here!

And the only guy we know of that'll use chimeras are those terrorists from a few years ago!

>>833022
>They were covered up in some robe and jacket.
That could be one of the terrorists!

.....shit, I just thought of something. You remember how chimeras are made, right? They used to be people.

Which means those missing people and the attacks in the middle of the night that have been happening around here are probably because those terrorists are kidnapping people to turn them into chimeras!

>"I don't know! She just hopped on my scooter and left saying she'd be back in a bit."
I'm really hoping your sister loses track of whoever she's chasing, so that she doesn't get kidnapped and then turned into a chimera!

Candy, did you happen to learn Light Magic in the few years it's been since the last terrorist attack? Because we're gonna need Light Magic in order to get rid of chimeras!

Unless you think Tybalt could fight them? Oh, wait, you don't have your flute, you can't summon him. Do you have another way to summon him?

>>833024
>she doesn't pass out from lack of carbon dioxide.
Don't you mean lack of oxygen?
>>
No. 833034 ID: 094652

Priority 1 is Tulip, that stab wound looks deep. Retreat and get to safety, then ask questions about whatever is going on here.
>>
No. 833471 ID: 15a025
File 150666018043.png - (6.08KB , 800x600 , 53.png )
833471

>Priority 1 is Tulip, that stab wound looks deep.
>How much blood have they lost exactly?
Candy: "Roxie, how bad is her stab wound? How much blood did she lose?"

Roxie: "It didn't go in too deep, but you saw all the blood she left!"

>Well, right then. Do we have anything on us that can be used for first aid? How bad off is the patient?
Candy: "Do we have anything that we could use for first aid?"

Marsh: "Got a first aid kit back at the bar. Doesn't do us any good here though."

Sharcole: "I've got...nothing."

Roxie: "Oh, thinking about it, I've got a my scarf. I'm not sure it'd work well as a-"

Marsh grabs Roxie's scarf and starts trying to wrap it around Tulip. I hear her groan a bit as Marsh tries to use the improvised scarf gauze wrap.

Marsh: "It's messy, but better than nothing."
>>
No. 833472 ID: 15a025
File 150666022752.png - (6.15KB , 800x600 , 54.png )
833472

>Who's got a phone? Sugar has hers, someone might want to call her and coordinate.
Candy: "Anyone have a phone?"

Roxie: "Oh right, I could just call Sugar and find out what's going on."

She pulls out a phone and calls Sugar with the speaker on.
Sugar: "Roxie, don't tell me something else happened now!"

Roxie: "No nothing happened! Calling to find out where you went with my scooter Sugar! What's the plan?"

Sugar: "Well, my plan was to hit up a few of the stands and bathrooms nearby and find a first aid kit, no luck though. There's a few more stands I could scoot over to and check if you think she can hold it out?"

>Retreat and get to safety, then ask questions about whatever is going on here.
Candy: "Better plan, let's get out of here and head to the bar. You said there was a first aid kit there Marsh?"

Marsh: "Yeah. Tell Sugar to screw it and meet us back at the bar."

Roxie: "Change of plans, Marsh is going to just drive us back to the bar now. Meet us up there please!"

Sugar: "Oh what the- whatever. Just stay safe."
>>
No. 833473 ID: 15a025
File 150666024397.png - (5.77KB , 800x600 , 55.png )
833473

Marsh and Roxie help Tulip off the bench, and we head back to Marsh's car. On the way back though, we notice someone's tried to cover up our tracks and clean up the scene.
>>
No. 833474 ID: 094652

Get back to the car, now. Also, what's that thing under the tree?
>>
No. 833479 ID: 7b65b9

Head back to the car quickly and have anything to defend yourself on the ready. Also check the ground and car for traps, like a bomb on the bottom of the car or something.
>>
No. 833483 ID: 91ee5f

>>833473
Uh oh! Be careful! Whoever tried to clean up might still be nearby!

.....hey, Candy, remember when you got the earrings because you were temporarily blind? You could still technically "see" thanks to us with a little function we called the Blindar. And whenever you "saw" someone, they appeared as a colored heart.

Let's see if you can still do that!

First, count how many people are in your group, including yourself. Then, you need to close your eyes and focus on "seeing" those hearts and count how many hearts you "see"!

Hopefully, you can still use the Blindar like this. And if you see more hearts than there are people in your group, then that would be the person that tried to cover up their tracks!

Also, look out for red exclamation marks, as those are weapons or something dangerous that might be hidden in the snow!
>>
No. 833630 ID: 314bcd

Try as they may in cleaning up, there's something under that tree worth investigating. That's not just super dried blood is it?
>>
No. 833641 ID: eda54c

I suggest everyone purchases a firearm if they don't already own one, but do so discreetly so the original attacker doesn't catch wind to this!

Ask this tulip later on when you can get some alone time with her about your sister and the businesses she runs, lie to her about you already being 'in on it' even though you aren't 'in' on anything and see what she says based on that. If your sister is indeed doing some things, let's just say under the table. If she is indeed doing shady shyt then don't ask about competition because you'd already know about that if you were 'in' on it, but do ask tulip about her standings within. This should definitely help us determine a potential attacker.
>>
No. 833736 ID: 15a025
File 150680976723.png - (3.83KB , 800x600 , 56.png )
833736

>I suggest everyone purchases a firearm if they don't already own one, but do so discreetly so the original attacker doesn't catch wind to this!

It'd probably end up having to be done discreetly. Gun laws here kind of suck and make it so people can't just go in a store and buy something like a pistol whenever. Not to mention I lack a gun license.

>Try as they may in cleaning up, there's something under that tree worth investigating. That's not just super dried blood is it?
>Get back to the car, now. Also, what's that thing under the tree?

Candy: "Hang on, wait, there's something under the tree!"

Marsh: "Probably just blood, or a trap."

I walk over and check it out real quick. Looks like a torn piece of cloth, or someone's shirt.
>>
No. 833737 ID: 15a025
File 150680980541.png - (3.86KB , 800x600 , 57.png )
833737

There's also a torn half of a business card under it?
Seems to be for some antique jewelry store.
>>
No. 833738 ID: 15a025
File 150680984067.png - (3.16KB , 800x600 , 58.png )
833738

>....hey, Candy, remember when you got the earrings because you were temporarily blind? You could still technically "see" thanks to us with a little function we called the Blindar. And whenever you "saw" someone, they appeared as a colored heart. Let's see if you can still do that!

I close my eyes for a second and try to get the radar thing to show up, but can't see anything. Guess I either need to actually be blind for it to work, or that was the other earring's power.
>>
No. 833739 ID: 15a025
File 150680989849.png - (4.70KB , 800x600 , 59.png )
833739

>Head back to the car quickly and have anything to defend yourself on the ready. Also check the ground and car for traps, like a bomb on the bottom of the car or something.
I take the cloth and business card and make our way back to the car.
Marsh: "Alright, hop- Candy what are you doing?"

Candy: "Just making sure no one's trapped the car with a bomb or something."

Marsh: "Well, is there?"

Candy: " Doesn't look like it?"

Marsh tosses me in the front seat with her and takes off.
>>
No. 833740 ID: 15a025
File 150680993462.png - (5.42KB , 800x600 , 60.png )
833740

When we get to the bar, Marsh pulls out a first aid kit and hands it to Roxie.
>>
No. 833741 ID: 15a025
File 150680995531.png - (4.87KB , 800x600 , 61.png )
833741

Then she pulls out a shot-gun!

Marsh: "Can't be too safe. I'm going to watch the entrance in case they tried to follow us back here. You work on getting her patched up."
>>
No. 833742 ID: 91ee5f

>>833738
Damn, I thought that was going to work.

>>833741
She's right, just in case we were followed. Just tell her to look before she shoots, so that she doesn't shoot your sister!

Now, first of all, keep Tulip awake! It's usually very bad for a bleeding person to fall asleep!

Next.....uh, I think get the iodine or whatever out of the Med Kit and then.....you use it to clean the wound. Uhhh, I think you get a rag and pour the iodine on it, then gently clean the wound.

If for some reason there isn't any iodine or something like it in the Med Kit for cleaning wounds, then it's a good thing you're in a bar because I think you can use certain types of drinking alcohol to do the same thing. Specifically, Neutral Grain Spirit or Moonshine can clean the wound. Ask Marsh if she has any, but only if you need to use it! Remember: Alcohol should only be used if the correct stuff isn't in the Med Kit!

A word of warning though: If you have to use alcohol, then be prepared to hold Tulip down because it's going to fucking hurt and she's gonna be kicking and screaming from the pain!
>>
No. 833852 ID: 3abd97

>I'm going to watch the entrance in case they tried to follow us back here. You work on getting her patched up.
Right-o. Just remember we're expecting my sister, don't blast her by mistake.

Do you know first aid, Candy, or do you need us to walk you through stuff?
>>
No. 833896 ID: 15a025
File 150689301447.png - (5.82KB , 800x600 , 62.png )
833896

>She's right, just in case we were followed. Just tell her to look before she shoots, so that she doesn't shoot your sister!
>Right-o. Just remember we're expecting my sister, don't blast her by mistake.

Candy: "Just be careful you don't end up blasting my sister. She's supposed to be meeting us back here."

Marsh: "Yeah, yeah, I know!"

>Do you know first aid, Candy, or do you need us to walk you through stuff?
Candy: "I know some stuff about first aid. Not a lot though."

Roxie helps Tulip up onto a bar stool while I pop open the kit.

>I think get the iodine or whatever out of the Med Kit and then.....you use it to clean the wound.

Might be in luck, there's just a little bit left in the bottle we can use. I hand it to Roxie

Roxie: "Is there a cloth in there or something we can pour it onto?"

I look back into the kit, but don't see any cloth or rags in there.
>>
No. 833965 ID: eda54c

Marsh could be very well guarding the door from exit as she is entrance, so watch yourself in there.
>>
No. 833971 ID: 3ce125

Does the bar have any clean towels?
>>
No. 833978 ID: 3abd97

>I look back into the kit, but don't see any cloth or rags in there.
Well there must be clean cloths for washing or serving or the like here you can raid for that purpose.
>>
No. 834192 ID: 314bcd

Rip off a piece of shirt for emergency cloth.
>>
No. 834200 ID: 15a025
File 150699937464.png - (5.50KB , 800x600 , 63.png )
834200

>Does the bar have any clean towels?
>Well there must be clean cloths for washing or serving or the like here you can raid for that purpose.
I go behind the bar and find a few towels and rags in a drawer.
Candy: "Found some Roxie!"

Roxie: "Thanks. I'm going to take her into the bathroom to do this in case Marsh lets in any customers."

Candy: "Okay?"
>>
No. 834201 ID: 15a025
File 150699947033.png - (5.25KB , 800x600 , 64.png )
834201

I wait at the bar for a bit, when suddenly I hear the door open.
Marsh: "Hey look who finally showed up."

Sugar: "Hey, look where you're pointing that thing!"

Marsh slams the door shut and points her gun down at the floor.

Marsh: "So what the hell were you thinking out there tonight?"
Sugar: "I was thinking-"

Marsh: "No, you weren't thinking. You're lucky nothing else happened to Roxie and Tulip there tonight!"

Sugar: "Yeah well you're lucky I don't deck ya for ignoring what I said!"
>>
No. 834202 ID: 15a025
File 150699949799.png - (5.35KB , 800x600 , 65.png )
834202

I hear Marsh let out a low growl...
Marsh: "Oh I'm all ears now!"

Marsh tosses the gun and punches Sugar.
>>
No. 834203 ID: 3ce125

Object to Marsh hitting your sister.
>>
No. 834205 ID: 91ee5f

>>834201
I agree with Marsh.

Sugar should be thankful that we didn't listen to her, because if we didn't show up then Tulip would be in even worse shape than she is right now!

Sugar recklessly abandoned Roxie and Tulip, instead of helping them or calling the police or something!

Not only that, but Sugar is lucky that she didn't catch up to the attacker because then something could've happened to her and we wouldn't know about it!

>>834203
Actually, she deserves to be punched. But if they start throwing more punches, that's when we should stop them.
>>
No. 834234 ID: ca0e20

If she continue punching or they start fighting, remember your initiation training! Tackle Marsh!
>>
No. 834273 ID: 3abd97

Let this play out. I kinda wanna see what your sister has to say for herself / what she's willing to tell Marsh.

And yeah, you really only need to step in if it escalates. She does kind of deserve a hit, if she was responsible for that.
>>
No. 834399 ID: eda54c

deck 'em both for arguing like stupid bitches when one of you is bleeding out
>>
No. 834567 ID: d9cd96

>>834399
This. Let's be the sensible one.
>>
No. 834592 ID: 15a025
File 150716714743.png - (5.44KB , 800x600 , 66.png )
834592

>Let this play out. I kinda wanna see what your sister has to say for herself / what she's willing to tell Marsh.

>If she continue punching or they start fighting, remember your initiation training! Tackle Marsh!

I stay by the bar, watching and ready to leap in incase things get too heated.
Sugar: "The hell did I do to deserve that Marsh!"

Marsh: "You could have got them both killed tonight, that's what. Then if that's not enough, instead of thanking us for helping, you just spit my face for not listening to stay home."

Sugar: "Hey alright, fine. You think you think you're better fit to handle this? Then you can stay here and take care of it."

Sugar storms out door.

Marsh: "I can't believe her. She totally missed the whole point of all that!
>>
No. 834593 ID: 15a025
File 150716718428.png - (4.99KB , 800x600 , 67.png )
834593

After a the room stays silent for a bit Marsh walks up to the bar and has a seat on one of the stools.
Marsh: "Sorry you had to uh..."

Candy: "It's fine. She kind of deserved that. Is she always like this Marsh?"

Marsh: "Not always, but she's pretty quick to screw everything up and throw someone under the bus. Kind of like just now."
>>
No. 834594 ID: 15a025
File 150716720746.png - (5.86KB , 800x600 , 68.png )
834594

Roxie and Tulip come back out, looking a bit better.
Marsh: "She going to be all right Roxie?"

Roxie: "I think so? Got her cleaned and bandaged up at least."
>>
No. 834597 ID: 094652

You need to see a doctor about that stab wound. Just coat a kitchen cleaver in blood and claim you were drunk.

How about a free soda on the house, for both of you? (Add aphrodisiac.)
>>
No. 834604 ID: 91ee5f

>>834594
Listen, I'm not saying that Roxie did a bad job, but we should call an ambulance or take Tulip to a doctor or something. A medical professional is what she needs right now and I think she's going to need more than what our little Med Kit has in it.

Of course, we also need to know what happened. What were they doing when this happened?

And I guess show them the things you found under the tree and ask if they look familiar.
>>
No. 834852 ID: 3abd97

Well, okay, stopping the bleeding and getting her out of the cold stops her from bleeding out, or getting hypothermia, but she should really see a doctor or the hospital or something.

What happened, though?
>>
No. 835215 ID: eda54c

Y'know you still really have 0 idea about what the hell is really going on here, so let's not let Marsh off the hook just yet, tackle her and get her to say what's going on.
>>
No. 835366 ID: 15a025
File 150757277046.png - (4.98KB , 800x600 , 69.png )
835366

>You need to see a doctor about that stab wound. Just coat a kitchen cleaver in blood and claim you were drunk.
Where would we get the blood to coat the cleaver with?

>Listen, I'm not saying that Roxie did a bad job, but we should call an ambulance or take Tulip to a doctor or something.
>Well, okay, stopping the bleeding and getting her out of the cold stops her from bleeding out, or getting hypothermia, but she s
hould really see a doctor or the hospital or something.
Candy: "Okay, Roxie-"

>Of course, we also need to know what happened. What were they doing when this happened?
>What happened, though?
>Y'know you still really have 0 idea about what the hell is really going on here.
Candy: "What were you two doing out there before all this happened?"
Roxie: "I was meeting up with Tulip at our meet up spot to...."

Marsh: "Oh right. Roxie, this is Sugar's sister, she's going to be working with us for awhile."

Roxie: "I was delivering the drugs Tulip ordered from Sugar. When she got there I handed her box over and she paid for the goods. Then she cracked right into the box and started smoking one."

Candy: "One what?"

Roxie: "One of those candy cane looking things, I forget what she calls them?"

Marsh: "Okay so, you sold her some crap and she dug right into it. So when did you-"

Roxie: "I'm getting to it. So anyway, she lit one up and we started chit chatting a bit and that's when the guy came out from behind a tree and stabbed Tulip."
>>
No. 835397 ID: 3ce125

>>835366
Then what?
Keep in mind there was chimera blood at the scene. If they say the attacker ran off unharmed it's a lie.
>>
No. 835407 ID: 3abd97

>>835366
So... unprovoked attack? What happened then? Did he run off, take the stuff, get fought off...?

Still probably a good idea to get Tulip checked out by a doctor or something, even if we don't tell that person the whole truth.
>>
No. 835419 ID: 91ee5f

>>835366
>candy cane looking things
Those sound familiar Candy? You used to smoke those back when Rainy first went blind.

>the guy came out from behind a tree and stabbed Tulip.
Did you see what the guy looked like or what he was wearing? Could you tell what species he was?

If she's having trouble remembering, then try showing her the things you picked up from under the tree. Those might help jog her memory.

Also, don't let Tulip fall asleep! She needs to stay awake so that she can tell us how she's feeling! And you guys can multitask here! Walk and talk, Roxie can tell you details while you're driving Tulip to the hospital!
>>
No. 835621 ID: 15a025
File 150766860554.png - (6.16KB , 800x600 , 70.png )
835621

>Did you see what the guy looked like or what he was wearing? Could you tell what species he was?
Candy: "You didn't see what they looked like or anything?"

Roxie: "No, like I said earlier they were dressed up in some dark robe and jacket. I couldn't really see what they looked like."

>So... unprovoked attack? What happened then? Did he run off, take the stuff, get fought off...?
>Then what?
Candy: "So what happened after they stabbed Tulip?"

Roxie: "I pull out my own knife and let'em have it! I got few cuts on them, but they must of had another knife or pulled it out of Tulip after they stabbed her cause they cut my arm too."

Marsh: "So why haven't you wrapped that cut up then?"

Roxie: "I wanted to make sure there was enough for Tulip."

Marsh: "Well go get that cut cleaned and wrapped up now then! She's taken care of for now."

>You guys can multitask here! Walk and talk, Roxie can tell you details while you're driving Tulip to the hospital!
Ah shoot, I can't believe I forgot to mention that!
Candy: "Hey Marsh, shouldn't we be rushing Tulip off to the hospital?"

Marsh: "That could actually make things worse Candy. It's probably better we just keep an eye on her and handle this ourselves."

Candy: "How could taking her in to the hospital make things worse?"

Marsh: "They're probably going to take two looks at here and run a drug test at some point or another, and if they do, they'll find out she's been smoking crap tonight and throw her in the slammer!"

Roxie: "Shoot, what if something got left behind at the park and they find I was involved!"

Candy: "Well, we can't just leave her like this either Marsh! I don't think just cleaning a stab wound and throwing some bandage wraps around it is enough to call it a day."


The room goes silent for a bit before Marsh shoots out some risky ideas.
Marsh: "It's about an hour and some away, but I think we should take her back to the mansion and break out the enchanted stuff. Sugar should have something with a healing enchantment on it?"
>>
No. 835653 ID: 3abd97

Even if the ER does run drug tests (which really shouldn't be the priority, triage people), a drug rap is preferable to dying of an infection, or blood loss, or permanent loss of motor function. I mean, they probably need stitches.

And technically they can always not supply information on how it happened, or lie, if the town has really been that violent.

On non-hospital options: there's going to a doctor personally, if you know one. Or a veterinarian.

>healing enchantment
Does anyone here now how to use a healing enchantment?
>>
No. 835657 ID: 91ee5f

Candy, that's too far away to be helpful.

Besides, do any of them even know how to use it? It'd really suck if we get there and none of you can use it!

>>835653
Mention all of this to the group!
>>
No. 835837 ID: 5760ba

Tulip's been kind of quiet in all of this, maybe someone should ask how she's holding up?
>>
No. 835991 ID: 15a025
File 150777340107.png - (5.89KB , 800x600 , 71.png )
835991

>Candy, that's too far away to be helpful. Besides, do any of them even know how to use it? It'd really suck if we get there and none of you can use it!
>Does anyone here now how to use a healing enchantment?
Candy: "Marsh, that's too far away. Would anyone even know how to use it anyway?"

Marsh: "Yeah, Sharcole's actually our earth-enchantment expert. Speaking of, hey Sharcole! You wouldn't happen to have something with a healing enchantment on it would you?"

Sharcole: "No, not on me. Sugar keeps all that stuff at her place."

>try showing her the things you picked up from under the tree.
Oh right!
Candy: "Hey Roxie, does this cloth or business card look familiar?"

Roxie: "Yeah, I think that cloth is from the robe they had on. No idea about the business card though."

>Even if the ER does run drug tests (which really shouldn't be the priority, triage people), a drug rap is preferable to dying of an infection, or blood loss, or permanent loss of motor function. I mean, they probably need stitches.
Candy: "Alright back on topic here. Marsh, I think patching her up would be a higher priority over in the ER than giving her a drug test."

Marsh: "Well yeah, of course they're going to treat her first. They'd just throw one at her afterwards."

>On non-hospital options: there's going to a doctor personally, if you know one.
Candy: "Any doctor we can personally go to?"

Marsh: "There's a few black market heal-"

Candy: "Never mind. Marsh can you just go get your car started and bring Tulip to the hospital?"

Marsh: "Yeah, alright. Sharcole, hit the lights. Roxie, help Tulip back in the car. I'm going to go put your scooter in my trunk if that's alright?"

Roxie: "Yeah, fine."
>>
No. 835992 ID: 15a025
File 150777344895.png - (5.17KB , 800x600 , 72.png )
835992

We all haul back into Marsh's car, and rush off to the hospital. When we get there, just Roxie and Tulip get out.
Marsh: "You want us to come in with you, or can handle everything?"

Roxie: "We'll be fine. I'll call if anything comes up though."

Marsh: "Yeah you better!"

The two of them laugh a bit.
Roxie: "Alright goodnight Marsh."

Marsh: "Later!"
>>
No. 835993 ID: 15a025
File 150777351088.png - (4.31KB , 800x600 , 73.png )
835993

Marsh: "Alright, what's our plan here?"

Candy: "Plan for what?"

Marsh: "Plan for finding out who did this. Was thinking maybe we could check out the park again and see if they left anything else behind. Possibly that store if the business card has an address."

I check the card, and it does! I show it to Marsh.

Marsh: "Hmm... I might know where that is?"

Sharcole: "Isn't it getting late now?"

I take a quick glance at the radio. It's a few minutes after nine right now.

Marsh: "I guess? Why you getting tired?"

Sharcole: "Yeah..."

Marsh: "Alright. How about you then Candy? You up for this or are you calling it night as well?"
>>
No. 835995 ID: 314bcd

The unknowns of what could be dealt with are a bit worrying, I think calling a night in safety with everyone else for now is okay. Better prepared with more people than trying to tackle this with only yourself and Marsh.
>>
No. 836008 ID: 91ee5f

>>835993
>Sharcole getting tired.
>It's a few minutes after nine right now.
It's not even that late at night! Jeez, she must have an early bedtime.

>>835995
Sounds like a plan.
>>
No. 836046 ID: 3abd97

>>835993
I'm up for it if you are.
>>
No. 836883 ID: 15a025
File 150809618734.png - (4.83KB , 800x600 , 74.png )
836883

>The unknowns of what could be dealt with are a bit worrying, I think calling a night in safety with everyone else for now is okay. Better prepared with more people than trying to tackle this with only yourself and Marsh.

Candy: "I think we should call it a night Marsh. We don't what could happen, and we're not really prepared for it."

Marsh: "Alright. Let's get you home then Sharcole."

Sharcole: "mhmm..."

We stop at a big apartment building and drop Sharcole off there.

Marsh: "Try and get some sleep now. Could be a busy day tomorrow!"

Sharcole: "Yup."

She walks in looking like she's going to fall over and take a nap on the ground. Marsh takes off after she gets inside.
>>
No. 836884 ID: 15a025
File 150809624824.png - (4.99KB , 800x600 , 75.png )
836884

Marsh: "Hope you're ready for a ride, cause it's going to be a bit before we get home."

Candy: "How long are we talking?"

Marsh: "About an hour and some."

Candy: "And you drive out to town and back like this every day?"

Marsh: "Yup."

Candy: "Got anything to past the time with?"

Marsh: "Talking and the radio is about it."

Candy: "Why not both?"

Marsh: "Alright, you're me DJ for the ride then."

I tune the radio around and try to find something good playing, and find get some rock music going.

Marsh: "So what'd you wanna talk about?"

Candy: "How about telling me about yourself?"

Marsh: "Huh? Oh, guess I never really introduced myself. What do you wanna know?"
>>
No. 837190 ID: 5760ba

Ask her what she likes to do when she's not working?
>>
No. 837192 ID: 91ee5f

>>836884
Well, she was about to tell you why working for your sister was a pain, before we got interrupted by Sugar getting that phone call.

Ask Marsh to explain what she meant by that?
>>
No. 837280 ID: 3abd97

Do you introduce yourself to everyone with a challenge to a fight?
>>
No. 837517 ID: 15a025
File 150829767736.png - (4.97KB , 800x600 , 76.png )
837517

>Do you introduce yourself to everyone with a challenge to a fight?
Candy: "You always challenge people to fight when you meet them?"

Marsh: "Nah, just people who come in looking for a job."

>Well, she was about to tell you why working for your sister was a pain, before we got interrupted by Sugar getting that phone call. Ask Marsh to explain what she meant by that?
Candy: "Hey earlier you said my sister was a pain to work with, could you tell me more about that?"

Marsh: "She's always screwing something up and trying to throw someone else under the bus for it. Or she's always trying to have everything come out just right."

Candy: "Like what?"

Marsh: "Bar stool we ordered was the wrong color? It's my fault even though that's the one in the catalog she circled. Cups and glasses we got ended up being cheap junk? My fault again even though she wanted them. It's a pain to put up with, but at least she never really does anything other than yell about it."

>Ask her what she likes to do when she's not working?
Candy: "What kind of stuff you like to do when you're not working?"

Marsh: "Drinking and watching movies."

Candy: "Hey, I'm a pretty big movie fan myself."

Marsh: "Sounds like we need to have a movie night sometime then."

We spend the rest of the ride talking about what movies genres we like and our favorite films. We're both into some good old horror movies and plan to have a movie night when we get some time to.
>>
No. 837518 ID: 15a025
File 150829771680.png - (5.14KB , 800x600 , 77.png )
837518

We're stopped by a big gate in front of a mansion, when Marsh walks up to fiddle around with the lock. I hear the gate shake and creek a lot.

Marsh: "Uh...we might have a problem. I think it's frozen."
>>
No. 837531 ID: 094652

Body heat!

... Okay fine, use the exhaust from the car to melt the ice.
>>
No. 837536 ID: 91ee5f

>>837518
I guess this means that Sugar hasn't come by yet. Unless there's a back door to get in and that backdoor isn't frozen.

Also, I think we just dodged a bullet there. If we had decided to come here instead of the bar, we would've been stuck out here with a bleeding Tulip!

Anyways, everyone knows that you're supposed to lick cold metal to get it unfrozen, so get licking!

.....what? I thought it was funny! XD

Seriously though, look in the trunk of the car to see if we've got anything that can help us.
>>
No. 838282 ID: 15a025
File 150851493547.png - (4.73KB , 800x600 , 78.png )
838282

>I guess this means that Sugar hasn't come by yet. Unless there's a back door to get in and that backdoor isn't frozen.
Candy: "Guess Sugar didn't make it back yet. Unless she's got a back door to use?"

Marsh: "If there's a back door, it'd be news to me."

>Okay fine, use the exhaust from the car to melt the ice.
That might take a little bit longer than I'm willing to wait around in the cold for.

>Seriously though, look in the trunk of the car to see if we've got anything that can help us.
Candy: "Wanna pop the trunk and see if there's anything we can use?"

Marsh: "Sure."

We walk back over to the car, and Marsh opens up the trunk.
Marsh: "Hey, no peeping back here."

Candy: "What?"

Marsh: "Trunks a mess, got ton of junk I still have to clean out."

I give her some time to dig through whatever it is that's got her trunk filled up.
Marsh: "Eh... junk trunk is looking to be just that."

Candy: "Nothing useful in there at all?"

Marsh: "Well, it's not called the junk trunk for no reason. Only remotely useful things I could pull out of there was a new can of oil and set of wrenches."
>>
No. 838299 ID: d9cd96

Oil the tip of a wrench up, light it on fire, stick it under the frozen lock, name yourself MacGyver.
>>
No. 838308 ID: 3ce125

Better idea: pour oil on the lock directly and light it on fire, then hit it with a wrench to handle any remaining ice once it's done burning.
>>
No. 838387 ID: 15a025
File 150856121857.png - (5.89KB , 800x600 , 79.png )
838387

>Oil the tip of a wrench up, light it on fire, stick it under the frozen lock, name yourself MacGyver
>Better idea: pour oil on the lock directly and light it on fire, then hit it with a wrench to handle any remaining ice once it's done burning.

Candy: "Wouldn't happen to have any matches or a lighter would you?"

I hear her dig through the trunk some more.
Marsh: "Got a tiny piece of crap lighter, don't think it's warming anything up much though."

Candy: "On its own it might not. What if got some oil on the wrench of gate and lit that on fire though?"

Marsh: "Yeah, I'm going to pass on burning the gate. Could try getting a fire going on the wrench though and hold that up to the gate."

Marsh dumps some oil on the wrench and lights it up as we head back over to the gate. After a couple minutes of waiting and shaking the get to open it up, Marsh starts getting a little impatient.

Marsh: "Think it's time we put the wrench into this plan."

She smashes wrench into gate, and it flings open!

Marsh: "Guess that's a first for the trunk having something useful."
>>
No. 838388 ID: 15a025
File 150856125924.png - (5.73KB , 800x600 , 80.png )
838388

Marsh takes up the driveway and brings me inside the mansion.
Marsh: "Well here we are."

Candy: "Guess my sister wasn't kidding about the place being in need of repair."

Marsh: "Yeah, it's a dump alright. Beats being on the streets though."

We stand around by the doors for a few moments.
Marsh: "So, we just going to stand here and wait for your sister to get back or you want go and do something?"

Candy: "Like what?"

Marsh: "You want a tour of the place, watch some movies, or I dunno. What do you feel like doing?"
>>
No. 838391 ID: 91ee5f

>>838388
Having a tour around the place will help you know where everything is.

The most important rooms you need to know about are the bathroom, for obvious reasons, and the room you'll be sleeping in, which is where you'll put all of your.....stuff. Shit, your bags are still in your sister's car, aren't they?

Well, nothing you can do about that.

But after the tour, getting something to eat while watching a movie sounds like fun.
>>
No. 838393 ID: eda54c

ask her about the things roxie was smoking
>>
No. 838395 ID: 91ee5f

>>838391
Also, ask about where those healing enchantments are. Just in case you need them.
>>
No. 838446 ID: 3abd97

>Marsh: "Uh...we might have a problem. I think it's frozen."
Gee where's a magic lighter when you need one.

>Candy: "Like what?"
Totally expected a cheesy pass at you following this.

>Marsh: "You want a tour of the place, watch some movies, or I dunno. What do you feel like doing?"
Tour would probably be practical. Movies might be fun if they've already got a tv and stuff set up here.
>>
No. 838594 ID: 15a025
File 150864736374.png - (5.42KB , 800x600 , 81.png )
838594

>ask her about the things roxie was smoking
If they're what I think they are, they're basically drugged candy canes you can actually smoke. I used to make and sell them back in college. Been kicking that though, and it's been about a year since I've had one.

>Having a tour around the place will help you know where everything is.
>Tour would probably be practical. Movies might be fun if they've already got a tv and stuff set up here.
Candy: "How about a grand tour?"

Marsh: "Not sure we can really call it a grand tour when half this place is falling apart, but yeah. Oh speaking of, try to be careful going up the stairs."

Which is where she takes me first. The stairs creak and whine loudly as we walk up them.

Marsh: "Other than the stairs falling apart, it's actually pretty sound up here for the most part. Hallway we're in just has Sugar's office, and my mine. Want to take a step inside?"

Candy: "Can't say it's tour of the mansion without snooping in all the rooms."

Marsh: "Heheh, yeah except Sugar's got her office off limits and locked when she's not in it."

So much for snooping around. Marsh then takes me inside her office.

Candy: "Wow, it actually looks decent in here compared to the rest of the place so far. You even got a computer in here?"

Marsh: "Yeah, it's old piece of crap Sugar found in the basement."

Candy: "Does it have internet?"

Marsh: "We can't even get a phone line ran out here. I'd probably eat my wool if this thing ever got on the internet."

Candy: "Wait that's-"

Marsh: "Not your business."

With that we go back into the hall and head back downstairs.
Marsh: "Only other thing upstairs we can head to right now is Sugar's room, which is also off limits and locked. Let's see now, what next..."

>ask about where those healing enchantments are. Just in case you need them.
Candy: "Where's the stuff with the healing enchantments kept?"

Marsh: "Don't know, Sugar keeps them hidden somewhere."

>The most important rooms you need to know about are the bathroom, for obvious reasons, and the room you'll be sleeping in.
Candy: "How about where the bathroom is?"

Marsh: "Outhouse is out in the back, and if you need shower we'll have to go in town and use Sharcole's."

Candy: "No running water out here?"

Marsh: "Well... we've got water here again. The whole bathroom needs to be torn out and re-done still. Kitchen and dining hall were a bigger priority to get fixed first."
>>
No. 838595 ID: 15a025
File 150864739760.png - (4.48KB , 800x600 , 82.png )
838595

Candy: "What about the bedrooms?"

Marsh takes me down a hall off to the right and in a room.
Marsh: "So here's your...room?"

There's just a bed and a lamp on the floor.
Marsh: "Wow. Here I thought my room was empty when I first moved in. At least there was night stand and a tiny desk in there."
>>
No. 838599 ID: 3ce125

Whatever, you're not living here permanently. Bed's the important thing, try it out. Also get your luggage in here.
>>
No. 838600 ID: 91ee5f

>>838594
>Healing enchantments are hidden somewhere.
Ok, so what she's telling us is that not only was the front gate frozen shut, but she doesn't know where the healing enchantments are either?!

It's a really good thing we took Tulip to the hospital instead of here!

>>838595
Ask her why she hates you. She must obviously hate you for giving you this room.

Was it because of how you easily tackled her in the bar earlier? Did she not like the drink you mixed? What did you do to deserve this?! D-':>
>>
No. 838601 ID: 91ee5f

>>838599
I think Candy accidentally left her luggage in her sister's car.
>>
No. 838699 ID: 5760ba

Ask Marsh what kind of office work she has to do?
>I'd probably eat my wool
What?
>Empty room
Does that lamp even work?
>>838600
I'm not sure Marsh was in charge of getting the room ready? Doesn't mean we shouldn't complain about this dump though. How do they expect anyone to live in here?
>>
No. 838768 ID: 15a025
File 150871559421.png - (4.26KB , 800x600 , 83.png )
838768

>Ask her why she hates you. She must obviously hate you for giving you this room.
>I'm not sure Marsh was in charge of getting the room ready? Doesn't mean we shouldn't complain about this dump though. How do they expect anyone to live in here?
Candy: "Couldn't even spring for a something to set the lamp on? How's anyone suppose to live in this dump?"

Marsh: "Hey don't be looking at me. Fixing up this room wasn't my job. Go yell at your sis about it."

>Whatever, you're not living here permanently. Bed's the important thing, try it out.
Marsh: "Going to bed?"

Candy: "Nah, just testing it out."

Marsh: "How is it?"

Candy: "Little hard and the sheets kind of smell. I'll probably get used to it eventually."

>Also get your luggage in here.
>I think Candy accidentally left her luggage in her sister's car.

Yeah my stuff is still in her car. Kind of sucks too, cause I could really go for a smoke break now.
>>
No. 838769 ID: 15a025
File 150871563823.png - (4.37KB , 800x600 , 84.png )
838769

The bed squeaks as I get out of it, and we head to Marsh's room to watch a movie.
Candy: "Ah yes Marsh. Your room sure is empty."

Marsh: "Hey, I've been living here for awhile now. Put some of my paychecks towards getting this dump looking half way decent. Now sit down and let's get some action on the screen."

I plop down on Marsh's couch, and she throws in a horror film for us to watch. The small T.V. makes it a little hard to see, but I make do with it. It's about a cop who gets sent into some abandoned base to wipe out mutant monsters. About an hour in, we here the front doors slam.

Marsh: "Guess your sisters back. You wanna pause the movie and go see what's up or screw her and keep watching?"
>>
No. 838770 ID: 3ce125

>>838769
Better go check it out. She could be missing a limb or something considering she went after what was probably a Chimera.
>>
No. 838780 ID: 3abd97

>>838769
Might as well check.

Also, she has your stuff!
>>
No. 838793 ID: 91ee5f

Go check on her.
>>
No. 839391 ID: 15a025
File 150890164762.png - (5.62KB , 800x600 , 85.png )
839391

>Might as well check. Also, she has your stuff!
Candy: "Yeah pause the movie and let's go see what's up."

Marsh: "Just when the action was about to happen too. Alright lets go."

We head over to the front door and see Sugar carrying in my briefcase.
Sugar: "Was just about to holler for you sis. Marsh, you can go back to whatever you were doing. Got personal stuff to take care of here."

Marsh: "Yeah, no kidding.
Sugar: "Here's your suitcase, you left it in my car. Hope you don't mind but I snuck a few of your cigarettes. Pay ya back with a new pack later."

Well, I've been trying to cut down on them anyway.
Sugar: "So what do you think of the place? I assume Marsh gave you a tour?"

Candy: "Yeah, it's a little bit of a dump. What gives my with room being so empty?"

Sugar: "Sorry, on a little bit of a tight budget here believe it or not."
>>
No. 839392 ID: 15a025
File 150890172743.png - (5.93KB , 800x600 , 86.png )
839392

I see her pull out a beat up looking box.
Sugar: "Wanna head up into the office and enjoy a few?"

She pulls out a candy cane and tries to hand it to me.
Candy: "Oh, uh... I've kind of quit smoking those Sugar."

I can't really see her face, but I can really feel her giving me the stink eye. Then she starts to laugh a bit.
Sugar: "Ah, you almost got me there sis."

Candy: "No, I'm being serious here. Been a whole year free from it. Been actually trying to quit smoking in general."

Oh...now I can really feel her giving me a dirty look. She pulls one out of the box, lights it up, and blows a big puff of it in my face.

Sugar: "You wanna repeat that for me?"
>>
No. 839394 ID: 91ee5f

>>839392
>"You wanna repeat that for me?"
What's with the attitude?! It's your body, so you get to decide what to do with it! If you don't want to smoke anymore, then she can't do anything about it!
>>
No. 839395 ID: 3ce125

>>839392
Wow your sister is an asshole. Tell her that's strike one. Then walk away.
>>
No. 839396 ID: 91ee5f

>>839395
>Strike one
What's supposed to happen when we get to 3 strikes?
>>
No. 839397 ID: 3abd97

>Sugar: "You wanna repeat that for me?"
Last I checked, I was here to help you out, sis. There a reason you're giving me shit over nothing?

>>839396
Candy goes home and leaves her sister to figure out this mess on her own?
>>
No. 839400 ID: 3ce125

>>839396
I was thinking Candy punches her in her stupid face. I mean family only goes so far, and this is estranged family.
>>
No. 839518 ID: eda54c

well this sure explains everything
>>
No. 839670 ID: 15a025
File 150896791616.png - (5.99KB , 800x600 , 87.png )
839670

>What's with the attitude?! It's your body, so you get to decide what to do with it! If you don't want to smoke anymore, then she can't do anything about it!
I choke on the thick minty smoke a bit before I can get out a response.

Candy: "Getting a little mad over nothing here. I don't see why you have to be jerk about it. It's my choice and health, not yours."

Sugar: "Getting mad over nothing? You're the one waltzing in here acting like you're better than everyone now. 'Oh I don't smoke those anymore, or at all now', 'My rooms empty, baah!' What kind of high standards you pick up at that college?"

>Last I checked, I was here to help you out, sis. There a reason you're giving me shit over nothing?

Candy: "Waltzed in? Did you forget that you asked me to come here to help out? I don't mind working for you, before if you're going to be sour like this I can just leave then."


I see her tag a long drag off the candy cane, and blow off another big puff in the other direction.
Sugar: "Alright, yeah. Speaking of work, where you working tomorrow?"

Candy: "What do you mean where am I working tomorrow?"

Sugar: "You know, the bar, the candy store, with Roxie? Where you wanna work tomorrow?"
>>
No. 839726 ID: 3abd97

>Where you wanna work tomorrow?
Which one needs the help?

If she's not willing to toss out more information, the bar I guess.
>>
No. 839734 ID: 91ee5f

>>839670
You never acted like you're better than everyone here!

Ask her if she hates you now. That's the only reason she would be acting like this to you.

>Candy shop or Bar?
Oh, that reminds me. Remember the test back at the Bar, where you had to mix a drink? Why did you even think there were going to be measuring cups?! You don't use measuring cups in a bar!

I think the Candy Shop is more your speed. Just don't sell yourself!
>>
No. 839897 ID: c88e6d

>>839670
With Roxie.
>>
No. 839898 ID: a363ac

>>839726
ask for more information but if not the bar.
>>
No. 839900 ID: c2051e

Roxie.
>>
No. 840024 ID: 094652

Candy Candy at the store
would insert competent rhyme here but I'm bored
>>
No. 840027 ID: be0718

Candy shop! One taste of what you've got and they'll be spending all they've got!
>>
No. 840125 ID: 15a025
File 150912689594.png - (5.58KB , 800x600 , 88.png )
840125

>Remember the test back at the Bar, where you had to mix a drink? Why did you even think there were going to be measuring cups?! You don't use measuring cups in a bar!
Too used to labs from back in college where exact measurements were needed I guess? I kind of panicked there.

>Which one needs the help?
>ask for more information but if not the bar.
Candy: "Well, who needs the help more?"

Sugar: "They all need another body to help out. Marsh can't really man the bar alone with all these bums getting into fights now. Sharcole's too weak to break up the fights at the candy store, and Roxie's gotta deal with nut jobs like last night all the time plus the cops."

>I think the Candy Shop is more your speed. Just don't sell yourself!
>Candy Candy at the store
>Candy shop! One taste of what you've got and they'll be spending all they've got!
Candy: "I'll help out Sharcole at the candy store tomorrow then."

Sugar: "Alright then, I'm going to go have a few smokes in my office and hit the sack after. I'll get you up in the morning for work tomorrow. G'night!"

Candy: "What time in the morning?"

Sugar: "When I wake you up, I don't know. Depends on if she gets there early or not."

Well that really helps. I'm wondering now if I should finish up that movie with Marsh or call it a night now?
>>
No. 840139 ID: 5760ba

Party all night with a movie marathon.
>>
No. 840143 ID: 91ee5f

>>840125
You were an hour into the movie, right? Then you should be at least half way or a little over half way done with the movie. Go finish watching it and then go to bed.

Also, when you take your stuff up to your room, check and make sure those cigarettes are the only things she took.
>>
No. 840197 ID: 3abd97

>>840125
Might as well finish the movie. I mean, how early can the store open, if it was open as late as it was, with only one employee?
>>
No. 840271 ID: 15a025
File 150916283539.png - (4.43KB , 800x600 , 89.png )
840271

>Go finish watching it and then go to bed.
>Might as well finish the movie.
>Party all night with a movie marathon.
I'm not sure about an all night movie party, but I could probably stay up and finish the movie with Marsh.
I head back to Marsh's room and plop myself back down on the couch.
Marsh: "So what'd she want?"

Candy: "She asked where I was going to work tomorrow."

Marsh: "And?"

Candy: "I'm going to work at the candy store with Sharcole tomorrow."

Marsh: "Probably a good idea. I think you got what it takes to hold that fort down for Sharcole."

Candy: "What do you mean by hold the fort down?"

Marsh: "Bunch of addicts of all kinds getting into fights over things on low stock there. Sharcole's gotta put up with those-"

TV: -monsters! They're swarming towards the back door!"

Marsh: "Excuse me. Did I say you could un-pause!"

She grabs the remote, pauses the movie again and slams it down into the couch.
Marsh: "You know, if I didn't know these movie players weren't such faulty trash I'd swear this thing was haunted or something."

Candy: "How do you know it's faulty and not haunted?"

Marsh: "Asked around about it and apparently it's some feature they put in so you don't end up burning the still image into your screen from sitting around too long. I think it's just some crap they made up to get away with selling cheap junk."

Candy: "Well, I'm ready to start it back up if you are?"

Marsh: "Alright... and action!"

The rest of movie is pretty good, but a little cheesy. Towards the end, what's supposed to be chimera comes in and tries to eat everyone and escape.
>>
No. 840273 ID: 15a025
File 150916297362.png - (5.39KB , 800x600 , 90.png )
840273

Marsh: "What? They never explained what that monster thing was!"

Candy: "The one that tried to eat everyone?"

Marsh: "Yeah."

Candy: "Those things are chimeras, they're like these mixed species monsters from the underworld that try to eat souls."

Marsh: "Never heard of them before. Some kind of local legend or religion thing here?"

Candy: "No, they're actually a thing Marsh. Have you been living under a rock or something?"

Marsh: "Nope. Never heard of them till now. That's why I asked if it was a local thing or something. So what they again?"

Candy: "They're monsters from this underworld place that live off of eating souls. A couple of them managed to get out and attacked the city a few times in the past."

Marsh: "Still sounds like some religious thing to me. So, how do they get from the underworld place to here then?"

Candy: "Usually it's someone who got turned into one from a cursed enchantment. It's possible to summon them with a ritual though."

Marsh: "Right... so lets say these things show up. How do you kill them? Garlic, wooden cross, sunlight?"

Candy: "Using light magic on them."

Marsh: "Yeah...well we I'm going get ready to crash for the night. Bar doesn't open up till later in the day, but Sugar always has something stupid waiting in my office for the morning."
Candy: "Oh, goodnight then Marsh!"
>>
No. 840274 ID: 15a025
File 150916299931.png - (4.07KB , 800x600 , 91.png )
840274

>Also, when you take your stuff up to your room, check and make sure those cigarettes are the only things she took.

I head back to my room, and check out my suit case. Everything still seems to be in here, other than my cigarettes. Anything else I should do or check before go to bed?
>>
No. 840280 ID: 91ee5f

>>840274
Yeah, make sure you put us somewhere safe. Because you're not supposed to sleep with jewelry on, it's uncomfortable.

But mostly because of how your sister has been acting suddenly. I'm afraid she's gonna sneak in and take us from you. And when she finds out we're enchanted, she'll sell us for extra money!
>>
No. 840409 ID: 15a025
File 150923479502.png - (4.17KB , 800x600 , 92.png )
840409

>Yeah, make sure you put us somewhere safe. Because you're not supposed to sleep with jewelry on, it's uncomfortable. But mostly because of how your sister has been acting suddenly. I'm afraid she's gonna sneak in and take us from you. And when she finds out we're enchanted, she'll sell us for extra money!

Don't really have anywhere secret or "safe" to hide you all, but I guess I could sneak you into my sweater pocket and lock up the suit case for now.
Goodnight earring ghosts...

End Volume 1.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password