[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 827609)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 150456201639.png - (98.34KB , 1212x826 , Title Card.png )
827609 No. 827609 ID: 8a947d

I switched my robot off...
And I know more
But retain less
Retain less
-Tain less
-Tain less
Less
Less
Less
Less

Expand all images
>>
No. 827610 ID: 8a947d
File 150456220568.png - (121.17KB , 1212x826 , New's Flash 1.png )
827610

Radio: The boat was found to be covered in dead hornets and fish, when asked about what happened passengers claimed that fish with legs attacked the boat leaving 2 people killed and 10 people injured.

Radio: If you suspect any suspicious or heretical activity in Ebony please contact your local guard station immediately, furthermore-
>>
No. 827611 ID: 8a947d
File 150456233815.png - (190.00KB , 1212x826 , New's Flash 2.png )
827611

Troy: Lesson number one Uma, don't let the church know you exist. They'd jump at the chance of indoctrinatin' you, unfortunately it seems there's already eyes on Ebony now that the mess on the boat's happened...
>>
No. 827614 ID: 8a947d
File 150456267872.png - (215.31KB , 1212x826 , New's Flash 3.png )
827614

Troy: Now that we're here. What's the plan ? From what you've said we've got no way a' knowin' where this Castle guy is and our best chance of findin' him is to just wander around.

You may have managed to slip off of the boat but there was no way to hide the mess that Gya left behind. No doubt Ebony Port is gonna be on alert and you still need to look for Castle. Ebony's a pretty big city and unlike Ender it has more of it under the control of the Regent Church. Troy's right too, the only plan you've had so far was to just look around until you found anything, but you doubt that'll be efficient.
>>
No. 827615 ID: 094652

The local priests still don't understand the waypoint system, so your first priority is to find a beacon, then you can teleport back to a safe location and wait it out for a few days.
>>
No. 827620 ID: 22d3a4

We've got aether sight to speed things up, but we'd need a suitable vantage point first if we want to make sense of anything.

Would it be bad to travel in a group? We each look kinda suspicious, as a group we might really start attracting the wrong kind of attention.
>>
No. 827633 ID: 8d4593

Find a lone guard. Utilize a Cerebral gnat to extract a lead for "Possible Heretical Activity"
Start asking questions around that place after tipping them off that the guards are on to them.
>>
No. 827639 ID: 8a947d
File 150457104165.png - (208.29KB , 1212x826 , Take Your Time 1.png )
827639

You: I feel like finding another Waystone in case we need to make a hasty retreat would be a good idea.

You: I've also got a demon I could use to extract information from guards safely, we'd just have to find one alone and use it. There's another thing I feel might be an issue...

You: Do any of you think that us traveling in a group would be a bad idea ? We're not exactly conspicuous together.

Issei: that could be a problem, especially since the city is on alert.

Troy: -but at the same time splittin' up could be dangerous. The only advantage we'd get from goin' separate ways is being able to do multiple things at once.

Troy: So do you think we should split into teams to do more stuff, or stay together and focus effort on one objective ?
>>
No. 827659 ID: 830fb7

Stick together team
>>
No. 827677 ID: aa1e7b

We stand a better chance of surviving if we stay as a group
>>
No. 827680 ID: 91ee5f

Hey Roland, as far as you know, Freitast seems like a nice goddess, right? Well, imagine if she suddenly took control of Troy's body and, instead of trying to kill someone, she just started doing girl things with Troy's body. And then when she gives Troy control of his body again, he's out in the middle of town wearing a dress and makeup! Wouldn't that be funny? If you start giggling, go ahead and tell them about that! XD

>>827639
But seriously, we should find that Waystone first. Having a quick escape and knowing where it is can possibly be the difference between getting caught, getting killed, or getting away.

And everyone should stick together so that we can all know where the Waystone is.

Hey, now that I think about it, does everyone need a Waykey? Because as far as I know, Roland is the only person in the group that has one. It might be a good idea to get everyone a Waykey, in case we all get split up. That way everyone can still teleport to safety and they don't have to wait for Roland to show up.
>>
No. 827682 ID: 830fb7

If we find a Waystone it means we have a way both to find the person we are after easier by getting info from other pagans and it also acts as a quick escape route that not many people know about if things go south
>>
No. 827685 ID: 8d4593

In our experience waystones tend to be in heretical establishments.
Besides that, one in a public area or in hostile territory wouldn't be too useful to arrive at. It would be exit only as use of it would attract unwanted attention.

I feel that if we find a heretical establishment, a waystone will not be far off.

As for the party, Issei will stand out like a sore thumb. Can he maintain compact carnivore while he travels around with us? I feel his presence will attract attention in the current circumstances.
>>
No. 827688 ID: 91ee5f

>>827685
>Can he maintain compact carnivore while he travels around with us?
A pocket sized Issei would be good for surprise attacks. Instead of pocket sand, we throw a pocket Issei!

But I don't think he needs to be that small. He only needs to stop being a freaking 9 foot giant and just come down to everyone else's size. Or at least make himself shorter than Troy and taller than Roland.
>>
No. 827689 ID: 3abd97

If your current appearances stand out, maybe someone should be taking advantage of their womanly curves. They're not looking for a party with two women!
>>
No. 827690 ID: 094652

Well, three's a crowd.

Get out the dress, and go with Uma. Troy and Issei can walk in the open, while you and Uma follow them while hugging the buildings.
>>
No. 827691 ID: 3ce125

>Freitast
Oh, now that we know gods *can* take over a Prophet's body if the prophet allows it, ask Troy if he's ever done so. Or is Freitast too weak?
>>
No. 827715 ID: 205799

NEVER SPLIT THE PARTY
>>
No. 827725 ID: 8a947d
File 150458787546.png - (109.30KB , 1212x826 , Take Your Time 2.png )
827725

>Can Issei keep Compact Carnivore for long enough ?

Issei: there's no way i can keep my self shrunken for that long. i can stay like that for maybe a few minutes.

>Freitast taking over Troy.

Troy: Uma only got taken over because she let Gya do it. Besides Freitast told me it would be too humiliatin' to walk around as a human, that it's bad enough she's gotta live in me and that actually bein' me would be much worse... no complaint here though.

>>827685
Pagan's don't make it obvious where they keep hideouts, knowledge of a pagan hideout is usually figured out by word to mouth. Now that you mention it you feel like Flint would tell you if such an establishment existed in Ebony, you aren't sure if there are any pagan controlled Waystones but maybe you can figure something out if you look around enough.

You also can't forget you're here to find Castle and get information from him.
>>
No. 827730 ID: 8a947d
File 150458911035.png - (161.93KB , 1083x756 , Take Your Time 3.png )
827730

Uma speaks up after being silent for a while.

Uma: H-Hey, can we go to some of the stores around ? I-I'd like to buy some stuff while we're here.

Uma: We have nowhere better to look after all...

>Find and Interrogate a guard
>Go to the Market District
>>
No. 827731 ID: 3abd97

Shopping trip! (Inna dress).
>>
No. 827732 ID: 22d3a4

Well, it's as good a place to start as any. At least we'll have an alibi then.
>>
No. 827735 ID: 91ee5f

>>827730
Sure, let's go to the Market District.

We might find something useful in the stores and/or we might overhear something about Anthony Jones, aka Castle.
>>
No. 827738 ID: 3ce125

It should be fine to just do some shopping before the mission. Plus we just used a bunch of summoning supplies, maybe we can stock up on some of the essentials. Like feathers and glass.
>>
No. 827739 ID: aa1e7b

To the market then.
>>
No. 827757 ID: 5c99d7

The place is on mid alert, so if any guards go missing they'll double up the patrols and start actively searching.

Besides, nothing says "annoying as hell" like two ditzes talking about clothes, jewelery, and cute boys. You'll blend in with all the OTHER pairs of ladies.
>>
No. 828017 ID: 8a947d
File 150466136418.png - (241.22KB , 1212x826 , The Dress is Back.png )
828017

You don your disguise and head towards the market district.

Uma: Whoa! You're wrapped entirely in bandages, is that some sort of pagan thing ?

You: Eh, sort of.

Uma:...I-Is the dress a pagan thing too ?

Troy: Nah, he just likes to wear it sometimes.

Issei: he'll think up any reason to put it on, in fact isn't a different dress than the one he wore before ?

Troy: Hey you're right! Did you get a new dress Gallows ?

You: Its a DISGUISE! just in case...and yes the old dress got dirty I needed a new one.
>>
No. 828018 ID: 8a947d
File 150466168596.png - (299.90KB , 1212x826 , Market Place.png )
828018

The small plaza's full of people, a few shops catch your interest

>Pack Rat: Scavenged Good's
>Hack 'n' Slash: Weapon's Shop
>Blue Rose Apothecary
>>
No. 828021 ID: 3583d1

I say weapons first. Maybe we can see about getting some new bullets for the blue baroness, and also a new knife, or mabye something better, because blades never need reloading.
>>
No. 828027 ID: 3ce125

Yeah let's see if we can find bullets for the baroness.
>>
No. 828028 ID: 3abd97

>>828018
The pack rat
>>
No. 828038 ID: 91ee5f

>>828018
I'm expecting Uma to now comment on Roland's feminine curves! XD

And I'm expecting an asshole to suddenly walk up to Roland and grab his ass while trying to hit on him! XD

Unless, the asshole does that to Uma, then he's a pervert! >:-(

>Where to?
Let's go to the Hack 'n' Slash: Weapon's Shop.

We should restock our ammo.
>>
No. 828039 ID: 8d4593

Pack Rat's a must, but really, all these places look good.
>>
No. 828044 ID: 8a947d
File 150466498228.png - (185.68KB , 1212x826 , Hack'n'Slash Shop.png )
828044

You enter Hack 'n' Slash.

The shops interior is dimly lit, it smells like steel and gunpowder, a small radio plays music with a heavy beat.

At the front the owner leans back in his chair crossing out and adding to a book he's reading. His name-tag reads Clancy, he mumbles to himself...

Clancy: Spelling error...incorrect information...wrong, wrong, wron- Oh! I'm sorry I didn't hear you come in. If there's anything you need feel free to ask.

You have: 878G

Clancy may be willing to buy unwanted weaponry.

>Guns:
Snub-nose Pistol [200]: A Small Caliber revolver, it's easy to handle and light. Let's you act after shooting.

Enforcer: [250]: A Large Caliber pistol. The sound it makes it incredibly loud. Has a chance of Stunning enemies.

>Knives:
Talon [150]: A Heavily hooked Knife, gives you a chance of Suppressing a struck enemy.

Wrench Knife [200]: A Wrench that's had it's handle banged and sharpened into a curved knife. +2 to rolls involving machines.

>Ammo:
Small Caliber [50G Per 20]

Large Caliber [75 Per 20]

Special Bullets [150 Per Bullet]
>>
No. 828046 ID: aa1e7b

>>828044
Buy both knives, you can never have too many knives.

I'm assuming the blue baroness needs special bullets, do we get a case of ammo for the 150? And how many if so?
>>
No. 828047 ID: 91ee5f

>>828044
Take a look at the special bullets. Can you tell if they're the same type that the Blue Baroness uses?
>>
No. 828048 ID: 91ee5f

>>828046
The price clearly states that it's 150 for 1 bullet.
>>
No. 828050 ID: 9876c4

get to 30 bullets for any gun we own. 60 is better.
Obviously not the BB, at 150 a shot.

We got knives already.
>>
No. 828051 ID: 13fded

Uma could use a gun. Even if she doesn't know how to use one it will be helpful when she find herself without sea creatures. Snub-nose Pistol look like a good weapon to start.
Can we get a look at our inventory?
>>
No. 828052 ID: aa1e7b

>>828050
Our knife broke in the battle against the shark. All we have are guns at the moment.

>>828048
Yeesh... think we can try and haggle a bit to try and get more? Because seriously... what the hell, 150 for one? That's a bit much.
>>
No. 828072 ID: 91ee5f

>>828052
No, we've got more than 1 knife. Only 1 of them got broken, so we've at least got 1 perfectly good knife.

But I agree, having another knife could come in handy.

>Haggle for special bullets.
We should at least look at them to make sure they can be used in the Blue Baroness first before we try to buy them.
>>
No. 828073 ID: 8a947d
File 150466977325.png - (199.88KB , 1212x826 , Hack'n'Slash Shop 2.png )
828073

Inventory - https://pastebin.com/9LPi14pP

You still have your Curved Dagger, but buying another knife couldn't hurt. You ask about the high prices of the Special Bullets.

Clancy: These things are incredibly hard to come by and even harder to make. They're valuable and I can't afford to sell them for too low.

>>828051
You purchase the Snub-nose Pistol for 200G [878G ==> 678G] and hand it to Uma.

Uma: I-I guess it's better to have and not need it, t-than to need it and not have it.

You purchase one pack of each type of regular ammo for 125G [678G ==> 553G] [L. Cal: 19 ==> 39] [S. Cal: 21 ==> 41]

Clancy strikes through two more lines in his book.

Clancy: Will that be all for today ?
>>
No. 828074 ID: 26c0a3

>>828073
Buy the wrench knife, sell your old knife, and sell your sixshot pistol.
>>
No. 828075 ID: 26c0a3

>>828073
Pastebin updated.
>>
No. 828076 ID: aa1e7b

I think that will be all. Was there any other places we needed to go Uma? We kinda strapped for cash now. With the church in town getting our hands on some money through gambling might prove difficult if they outlaw that kind of stuff... but then you have priests like Karas, so who knows.
>>
No. 828078 ID: 830fb7

say "do you sell the equipment needed to make the 'special' ammo on the go, just in case I find the materials that it requires to make it on my adventures"
>>
No. 828079 ID: 3ce125

If those special bullets work in the Baroness, buy two. Then keep in mind from now on that they are extremely expensive and should be used only when you really need them.
>>
No. 828081 ID: 91ee5f

>>828073
Make sure you give some of that ammo to Uma. Having the gun won't do her much good if she runs out of ammo!
>>
No. 828097 ID: 094652

Wait, ask him if he knows a way to inscribe tiny runes onto a bullet. You're planning to lace them with special prayer materials for special spellshots, but you simply don't know how to etch a rune on something as tiny and volatile as a bullet.

Except that spellshot is called "exploding demon runes".

And if not, then you can also offer to buy some do-it-yourself bullet ingredients in bulk.
>>
No. 828098 ID: 91ee5f

>>828097
I'm pretty sure he doesn't know how to do that.
>>
No. 828099 ID: 3ce125

>>828097
No blowing our cover.
>>
No. 828123 ID: 8d4593

at least one special bullet
>>
No. 828126 ID: 91ee5f

>>828123
Yes, just 1 will be fine.
>>
No. 828134 ID: 35add2

>>828073
Ask him about the laws surrounding rifles/shotguns in this area. If they are as open as laws about pistols ask him if there's a store in town that sells them. Most of our combat has been close quarters (>50 yards) and a shotgun is made for stuff like that. Plus a shotgun slug is the ultimate "lock-picking kit" for padlocks and deadbolts (provided said deadbolt is in a wooden door).

Also, while we have time and before you fire the remaining Blue Baroness rounds, you should draw as good a picture as you can of the cartridge and keep the drawing with you. Label things like color, and if you can tell, material. If you end up having to fire the remaining rounds you'll want to be able to reference the diagram when replenishing ammo. Or if you find someone who can make the stuff you'll want to give them enough information to duplicate the cartridge.
>>
No. 828211 ID: 8a947d
File 150473281175.png - (218.80KB , 1212x826 , Hack'n'Slash Shop 3.png )
828211

>>828134
Clancy: Can't nobody own big guns in the city without a license, and nobody can get a licence without waiting three months for the process to go through.

Much like small caliber pistols take small caliber bullets and large caliber pistols use large caliber bullets you can assume that special caliber guns use special caliber bullets, so if you were to find another special pistol like the Blue Baroness the same bullets would still work.

You buy one special caliber bullet [553G ==> 403G]

You ask about making your own special caliber bullets.

Clancy: If it were that easy I wouldn't have them so expensive. You'd need certain components and lots of knowledge in crafting the bullet, if you do it wrong the whole thing can blow up in your face.

Clancy: The tools themselves are far more expensive than anything in this shop, I only have the one set and even if I did wanna sell 'em they're giant pieces of equipment you can't just pick up an' carry with ya.

You sell your Curved Dagger for 105G [403G ==> 508G] and buy the Wrench Knife for 200G [508G ==> 308G]

Clancy: Will that be all for today ?
>>
No. 828217 ID: 91ee5f

>>828211
Yes, thank you.

Let's leave the store and go somewhere else.
>>
No. 828220 ID: 35add2

>>828211
Tell him thank you then head to Pack Rat.
>>
No. 828238 ID: 8d4593

Before you leave ask what the fancy materials to the special bullets are.
If you come across any in your travels, maybe you two can strike a deal.
>>
No. 828246 ID: 8a947d
File 150473690920.png - (297.04KB , 1212x826 , Packrat 1.png )
828246

You thank Clancy for his time and head to Pack Rat.

The store looks a little ramshackle from the outside, and inside it's not much better. Shelves are packed with miscellaneous junk and scrap metal, in the back boxes full of scavenged and second hand items line the wall. Other jackalopes run in and out of the shop carrying bags full of clanking metal into the back room.

The front desk is run by a small lady jackalope fiddling with bits of machinery, behind her another jackalope sorts a box of scrap he side eyes you before going back to work. Her name tag is written chicken scratch but you make out the name Yormi

Yormi: Hello, welcome to Pack Rat. Feel free to look around and talk to me or Burqel if you need anything.

Burqel: ...

>Stock

Broken Phone [5G] An old smartphone. On the back the symbol of the pagans is inscribed, maybe it has information you can use ? If you can fix it...

Sharp Metal Scraps [5G] Scraps of sharp metal not big enough to write on.

Duck Tape [5G] A Roll of sturdy duck tape.

Mirror [10G]

Broken Gun [20G] Broken gun missing bits and pieces, maybe you can fix it.

Odd Page [100G] A Crumpled paper under a glass case, it's rolled up but the seal on top of it is obviously a pagan symbol.

Waystone Shell [400G] The exterior shell of a Waystone, nodes and wires hang off from the inside.
>>
No. 828249 ID: 094652

rolled 16 + 9 = 25

I'd ask if they had any trinkets they haven't been able to sell, but given their window selection this is it.

Phone, scraps, tape, mirror, broken gun.

Then ask them where they found that last thing. Troy and Uma, you're up.
>>
No. 828251 ID: 8d4593

>>828249
This and the odd page. Could be a spell or summon.

We don't need the waystone shell yet... don't have the means to fix it.
But I feel like we will have things to sell or more money when we do.
>>
No. 828255 ID: 91ee5f

>>828246
Let's get the Broken Phone, Sharp Metal Scraps, Duck Tape, Mirror, and the Odd Page.

All of that will cost us 125G.

Unless anyone can think of something for us to sell, let's not spend anymore money. We've gotta save enough for food so we don't starve!

>Waystone Shell
Speaking of which, ask the shopkeepers if they can give you directions to a working Waystone?
>>
No. 828284 ID: 26c0a3

>>828246
Buy the phone, the page, and four bits of scrap metal.
>>
No. 828304 ID: 35add2

>>828246
Is the gun another revolver or some other kind of pistol? If it's another revolver I say we probably don't need it.

At the very least grab the smartphone. We some engineering skill, and if we take our time we might be able to fix it. If nothing else the screen is kinda a mirror and it contains bits of metal.

I agree with >>828255 , ask if they have a waystone.
>>
No. 828324 ID: 8a947d
File 150474999924.png - (304.71KB , 1212x826 , Packrat 2.png )
828324

You ask about the Waystone Shell

Yormi: We just found it out in the wastes, plenty of good stuff if you look hard enough.

Burqel: We don't know where anymore of these are, they're not as easy to make as ham radios y'know...

You purchase Duck Tape, The Odd Page, The Broken Phone, 4x Sharp Metal Scraps, and the Broken Handgun. [308G ==> 158G]

Yormi: Will you need anything else ?
>>
No. 828328 ID: 91ee5f

>>828324
Wait, why did we ask that? I thought we were asking for directions to a working Waystone somewhere in the city?

>Will you need anything else?
No, thank you.

Let's leave and go somewhere secluded so we can read The Odd Page.

After that, let's examine The Broken Phone to see what it needs to be fixed.

.....why do I get the feeling that the Duck Tape we bought is going to quack every time we use it? Meh, it probably will won't happen.
>>
No. 828330 ID: 35add2

Let's go to Blue Rose Apothecary and see if they have anything useful. Then we can go someplace secluded and give our inventory more attention.

>>828328
Duck tape already "quacks" when you unroll it, sorta.
>>
No. 828339 ID: 91ee5f

>>828330
I don't want to go there because if we see something we want, we're gonna end up buying it and then we won't have any money left for food!

There's no telling how much they're gonna charge for something as imple as a salad! And without knowing where a Waystone is, we can't get back to a different town with cheaper food!
>>
No. 828342 ID: 91ee5f

>>828339
*something as simple as a salad!
>>
No. 828352 ID: 26c0a3

Pastebin updated.
Doesn't Troy still have the shotgun he received from Issei? If he gets caught with it, he might be arrested.
>>
No. 828357 ID: 8a947d
File 150475773104.png - (169.40KB , 914x701 , Brii Brii.png )
828357

You've spent a lot of money for now, you decide not to go to the Apothecary right now. You take the phone out of your pocket and try to turn it on. To your surprise the screen lights up with a message titled "URGENT: ALL PAGANS" you open it and read the message.

To all Pagans receiving this message

One of our own has been taken hostage by Church Guards, Anthony Jones (PA: Castle) has been missing for sometime and as of recently we have gained some knowledge on his whereabouts. Come to this location IMMEDIATELY, only pagan's are aloud in and around the premises. This is a code Tsadi situation, NO NON-PAGAN'S are aloud at this meeting


Well shit. This took a turn for the worst.
>>
No. 828365 ID: 26c0a3

>>828357
Tell everyone that you need to split off for a bit. If they need something to do, then they could try finding work or scoping out the rest of the city. Read the page you bought before you leave.
>>
No. 828371 ID: 3ce125

>>828357
Great. I guess you get to go solo for a while.
Wait, the message didn't say what location?
>>
No. 828373 ID: 91ee5f

>>828357
That was way too convenient! I don't trust that message, it could be a trap! This phone coulda been messed with and that's the Church sending that message!

Especially since it's asking for all Pagans in the area to gather into a single location! Which would be perfect for a bunch of Priests to show up and capture everyone!

I say bring everyone close to the location and watch from a distance to see who shows up! If a bunch of Priests show up, then leave! But if nothing happens, then tell everyone to wait at that nearby location and if you're not back in a certain amount of time, they should come in to get you!

Also read The Odd Page you got.
>>
No. 828375 ID: 91ee5f

>>828373
What's a code Tsadi situation?

And "only Pagans are aloud in and around the premises"? That could mean that only Pagans can make really loud noises in and around the premises.

Which we can use as a loophole to bring non-Pagans, as long as they don't talk. Because that's what the spelling error is telling you!

And if you're asked why your friends are with you, you can explain that the instructions didn't say that they weren't allowed to be there, it just said they weren't supposed to be loud!
>>
No. 828379 ID: 8a947d
File 150476088038.png - (169.66KB , 1212x826 , Brii Brii 2.png )
828379

>>828373
The message used Pagan code Tsadi, it means the situation is of high importance and only to be attended by by other appropriately ranking pagans. You've got nothing else to go off of, and the odds of this being a trap by the Church is low.

>>828371
There's a map included in an image file with the message you got.

You: I got a lead on Castle, but I need to go alone. Pagan business...

Troy: Alone ? Fine but be careful.

Issei: you need to be on your toes the whole time okay ?

Uma: B-be safe okay ?

You head off towards the meet up location.
>>
No. 828380 ID: 8a947d
File 150476113073.png - (190.35KB , 1212x826 , Odd Page.png )
828380

You read the odd page. It's a summon recipe for a Stygian Facsimile, a clone of somebody normally the summoner.

Stygian Facsimile: 5x Animal Viscera, Gemstone, DNA of the target, Something Reflective.
>>
No. 828381 ID: b591c7

Neat. Does it have their skills? We should ask Issei if he's OK with getting copied - I doubt it works properly with prophets.
>>
No. 828382 ID: 91ee5f

>>828379
>the odds of this being a trap by the Church is low.
That means that there's still a chance that it could happen! And because you're not expecting it, that's why it would be a good trap by the Church!

>>828380
We just so happen to have all of those things!

The question is, should we do it? If it is a trap, then we managed to avoid it, but if it's not a trap, then we just wasted a bunch of reagents!

Hmmm, well, if you don't want to waste reagents by accident, then you could just use Aether Scan when you get to the location. That'll let you identify friend or foe visually.
>>
No. 828384 ID: 8a947d
File 150476259355.png - (163.42KB , 1212x826 , Brii Brii 3.png )
828384

>>828381
The Facsimile is a group of small demons that take the shape of the target, it can't talk or attack but it can move and act as a distraction.

After a long walk you end up at a shut down building in the middle of town the building's run down and ramshackle but there are no guards or church buildings within eyesight, a perfect place for a hideout. You double check your map to make sure you're at the right place, when you look down at the phone you notice something.
>>
No. 828385 ID: 8a947d
File 150476263126.png - (59.80KB , 785x812 , Phone Message!.png )
828385

You have a new message.
>>
No. 828386 ID: 22d3a4

Check it, make sure you haven't been followed.

And nobody made a 'screw yourself' joke, I'm proud.
>>
No. 828388 ID: 91ee5f

>>828385
Check the message before you enter the building, it could be important!
>>
No. 828393 ID: 3ce125

>>828384
>can't talk or attack
Well that seems a bit useless. At best you could use it to draw an unbeatable enemy away from a quest objective, or an escape route.

>>828385
You better read that immediately.
>>
No. 828397 ID: 13fded

>>828393
This thing could lead pursuers in wild goose chases.
>>
No. 828400 ID: 8a947d
File 150476857080.png - (48.88KB , 785x812 , Phone Message 2.png )
828400

You open the messenger app on the phone. The sender is literally UNKNOWN in the phone.

UNKNOWN: DARE-Climb to the top of the abandoned building you are standing in front of.

FORFEIT- All of the money in your inventory.

[05:00:00]
>>
No. 828401 ID: 8d4593

Welp. Get Climbing.
>>
No. 828402 ID: 3ce125

>>828400
I don't think that's feasible without summoning a tentacle, which will get you caught.

Just go inside, you don't have much money left anyway.
>>
No. 828407 ID: 8a947d
File 150477007048.png - (121.95KB , 1212x826 , DARE 1.png )
828407

It's totally feasible to get up there if you're STRONG enough to keep hold, but if it isn't worth it then maybe you should just head inside. You aren't even sure if anything'll happen...

>Climb
Roll 1d20 + 4 to climb [Success = 20]

>Head inside the building
lose 158G's
>>
No. 828410 ID: 91ee5f

>>828407
Ok, this literally looks like a trap! And the only way they'd know you were here is if they're currently watching you! I say you should use Aether Scan to see if you can spot whoever it is! Look around the street and at the building!

I'm pretty sure if you don't do the dare, your money will be magically gone from your pockets!

Of course, since you just now got this phone, you are allowed to text back, "New phone, who's this?"
>>
No. 828411 ID: 35add2

rolled 6 + 4 = 10

>>828407
Rolling to climb.
>>
No. 828412 ID: 35add2

>>828411
welp
>>
No. 828413 ID: 9876c4

rolled 17 + 4 = 21

Lets see if I remember how dice work...
>>
No. 828414 ID: 094652

rolled 3 + 4 = 7

If you can climb to the top, beg for a butt-@#$%ing!

AKA Please STOP TRYING TO CLIMB UP. Leave 158G on the ground, go in, go out, get your money back from the ground, go in again.
>>
No. 828416 ID: 3583d1

rolled 6 + 4 = 10

might as well try
>>
No. 828418 ID: 8a947d
File 150477314884.png - (154.35KB , 1212x826 , DARE 2.png )
828418

>Aether Scan
You activate Aether Scan real quick to check your surroundings [68oz ==> 58oz]. Nothing in your range shows as a threat except for the phone you're holding

>rolled 17 + 4 = 21
You lift yourself up to the top of the building with great effort, once at the top you have a nice view of the whole city but still see nothing else register in you Aether Scan.

You get another message on the phone

UNKNOWN: Fast learner! People usually just ignore the first text I send.

you: Who are you ?

UNKNOWN: Well if I wanted u to know that I wouldn't have put UNKNOWN for my name in the chat now would I ?

UNKNOWN: I know who u r tho, the man in bandages. We were told to look out for u coming here. I know ur looking for Castle, but u wont get to him while im here.

UNKNOWN: I saw u get off that boat with those other 3 so I had to get you away from them, O that reminds me.

UNKNOWN: DARE-Don't tell or show anybody that you're in trouble.

FORFEIT-Anybody you tell or show will instantly enter a coma like state.

[1,440:00:00]

UNKNOWN: That should take care of that for a while.
>>
No. 828419 ID: 26c0a3

>>828418
He basically gave us a panic button. You can yell "I'm in trouble!" to render everyone who heard it unconcious.
>>
No. 828422 ID: 830fb7

I would laugh if it was a demon trapped in the phone doing all this talking to you
>>
No. 828423 ID: 26c0a3

Also, this phone is not the threat. It's likely that a priest with a phone for their charm is casting spells with their messages. Play along for now.
>>
No. 828424 ID: 35add2

>>828418
Is this guy a prophet? It seems like a prophet with a DARE/FORFEIT ability.
>>
No. 828428 ID: 8a947d
File 150477540016.png - (105.90KB , 1212x826 , DARE 3.png )
828428

The magic emitting from the phone feels odd, yet familiar. It's definitely a type of magic you've been in contact with before but that doesn't narrow it down to anything. Not only that but you get the feeling that there's something about this guy that might give you a leg up on him, you're not quite sure what it is but there's something off about this...

UNKNOWN is typing in the chat.

With what little time you have left before your next DARE what should you do ?

>Think about your situation and try to come up with something [Roll 1d20 + 11 from Intelligence]
>Aether Scan from the roof and try to find something
>Try to run to get away from whatever range this ability might have.
>Other (Write in)
>>
No. 828430 ID: 35add2

>>828428
Ok, so there's something going on with the [1,440:00:00] and [05:00:00]. The [05:00:00] looked like a time-stamp but the [1,440:00:00] isn't, unless they tell time in a really strange way here. I can't quite put my finger on what exactly that means though.

I say you text him "I'm in trouble". His dare was "Don't tell or show anybody that you're in trouble" and "Anybody you tell or show will instantly enter a coma like state". He did say "anybody", and that includes him.
>>
No. 828432 ID: 26c0a3

rolled 19 + 11 = 30

>>828428
There's no point in running. The range is effectively infinite as long as the target has a phone. This person saw you arrive and knows where you are. Unless there are cameras or they have a way to scry your location, they're somewhere high up with a clear view of the town.
>Use Aether Sight on the tallest building in view.
>Also try to come up with something.
>>
No. 828433 ID: 26c0a3

>>828430
Those numbers are the duration of the dare. The first one gave Gallows five minutes to climb the roof. This new one lasts for exactly one day.
>>
No. 828436 ID: 35add2

>>828433
Ah, that makes sense. I'm wondering, now that we know the format for writing a dare, can we send him a dare? >>828432 rolled well, so we may be finding out pretty soon.
>>
No. 828437 ID: 830fb7

>>828430
>>828418
Might as well try this, also take a screenshot of the messages and send them with the text. He said "Don't tell or show anybody" so showing him will cause a double whammy effect.
>>
No. 828438 ID: 26c0a3

>>828436
We can't send a dare, because we don't have a way to cast the spell that causes it to take effect. Telling them that you're in trouble should work, but they might only be in the comatose state for a day.
>>
No. 828439 ID: 3ce125

>>828428
Give him a dare of your own. Dare him to come face you in combat.
>>
No. 828440 ID: 3ce125

OH.

Destroy your phone. He can't dare you if he can't contact you.
>>
No. 828443 ID: 8a947d
File 150477797996.png - (129.89KB , 1212x826 , DARE 4.png )
828443

>rolled 19 + 11 = 30
You analyze the situation and put something together.
With an ability like this your attacker can forcefully position you almost however they want. Once you were on the roof he could have easily had a third party shoot you from afar and kill you instantly but that wasn't the case, it seems like this guy isn't working with any partner or outside force aside from himself for some reason. Hey may not be part of the church or he simply chooses to work alone, either you doubt there's anyone to worry about other than him...
>>
No. 828446 ID: 8a947d
File 150477865566.png - (67.85KB , 785x812 , Phone Message 3.png )
828446

>>828439
>>828437
You text him a screenshot of your conversation and ask for help.

You: Help ! I'm in trouble!

UNKNOWN:...wat. y r u telling me that wat...

UNKNOWN: ARE YOU TRYING TO USE MY OWN POWER ON ME ? WHY WOULD DARE WORK ON ME AT ALL ? DID YOU REALLY THINK THIS'D WORK ? If nobody believes u or actually cares if ur in trouble or not the effect won't work. Just to be clear.

You:...

You:DARE-Face me head on in direct combat
FORFEIT- Your ability to use DARE.
[60:00:00]

UNKNOWN: WHY WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO USE MY ABILITY !? THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE YOU IDIOT !

UNKNOWN: DARE-Do a handstand all the way to the regent guard out post two blocks from here.
FORFEIT-All of the items that you own.
[25:00:00]

You better be AGILE enough to handstand for two blocks. Roll 1d20 + 8 [Success = 25]
>>
No. 828447 ID: 9876c4

rolled 12 + 8 = 20

It is on!
>>
No. 828448 ID: 26c0a3

rolled 13 + 8 = 21

>>828446
Looks like we have no choice but to play along for now.
>>
No. 828449 ID: fd306a

Text back: "i'm wearing a dress right now, can i either get a new dare or take this off first?"
>>
No. 828453 ID: 90f3c0

rolled 14 + 8 = 22

Play along for now.
>>
No. 828470 ID: 830fb7

say "just checking to see if your another one of those churchies, cant blame a bloke for trying".
>>
No. 828494 ID: 486e87

You may want to void that dare. I bought this phone, so I own it, right? If I fail this dare then doesn't that mean I lose the phone? If that happened I wouldn't be able to do any more dares.
>>
No. 828496 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 12 + 8 = 20

>>828446
>ARE YOU TRYING TO USE MY OWN POWER ON ME ? WHY WOULD DARE WORK ON ME AT ALL ? DID YOU REALLY THINK THIS'D WORK ?
Text back: "Well, you can't blame me for trying. Last time I ran into a Priest, I managed to trick him into using his own power on himself, so I thought I could do it again with you."

>You better be AGILE enough to handstand for two blocks. Roll 1d20 + 8 [Success = 25]
Rolling.
>>
No. 828528 ID: 8d4593

rolled 18 = 18

Let's do this.
If we end up not being agile enough, we could give all our stuff to some sucker, let the time run out, then stun claw them and steal it all back.
>>
No. 828535 ID: 91ee5f

I just thought of something.

What if these time limits on these dares are all based on the time displayed on our phone? We were told that we can't show anyone for 1,440 minutes and that equals 1 day.

So if we change the phone's settings to display the date of 5 days in the future (to make sure we go over the time limit and don't accidentally tell them with 30 seconds left or something like that), would that mean we'd be allowed to tell everyone what's going on without them falling into a coma?

The only way we'd be able to tell if it worked is if all of our stuff disappears for going over the time limit of the handstand dare.

>>828528
Hey, you got it! I don't know why the 8 didn't get added, but that's a 26 you just rolled!

>If we end up not being agile enough, we could give all our stuff to some sucker, let the time run out, then stun claw them and steal it all back.
Huh. I wonder if we could do that with the Stygian Facsimile summon we just learned?

Summon it so that it looks like Roland, give it our stuff and tell it "Here, I'm giving these to you. These are your things and they don't belong to me anymore." and then wait for time to run out.
>>
No. 828545 ID: b20e5a

We gonna be handstand if in a dress? Plxy plox no.
>>
No. 828547 ID: 8d4593

>>828535
>Hey, you got it! I don't know why the 8 didn't get added, but that's a 26 you just rolled!

Oh. So I did.

In that case, when we arrive I think the very first thing to do would be to destroy the phone so we don't get dared into turning ourselves in.

We could then go back to the junk shop and find out where they got this thing.
>>
No. 828552 ID: 91ee5f

>>828547
>We could then go back to the junk shop and find out where they got this thing.
Now that I think about it, it was only labeled as broken, yet when we tried to turn it on, it worked perfectly fine.

Makes me wonder, why didn't they label it as a smartphone and sell it for a higher amount of money? They coulda gotten a lot of money that way.

I think maybe 1 or both of the shopkeepers is doing this! And they put a Pagan symbol on it so that they'd automatically know whoever buys it is a Pagan!
>>
No. 828560 ID: 3ce125

>>828446
I see where this is going. You do the handstand out there and then he's gonna dare you to turn yourself in. Destroy your phone, but complete the dare. Then go back to the pagan outpost.
>>
No. 828564 ID: 8d4593

>>828552
>The Man in bandages
> We saw you get off the boat with those other 3

They saw us pre-disguise with the party and know we came by boat.

>We
He works with others.
Yet as Roland has surmised, they are acting like an individual with their dares.
The texter clearly is very used to working with other people. So much so that they made a tactical error and revealed a bit too much information.

>Fast learner! People usually just ignore the first text I send.

This has been done before. Meaning he has to have some way of getting text messages to peoples phones in the first place.
While the ability to magically text anyone's phone in range, or the ability to get anyone's phone number are possible, they seem a little far fetched. It would be much easier if he just had a single phone set up that only pagans would buy that he knew the number to.

Also, that alert earlier was bullshit. Pagans have always been low key and would never send an alert like that. We bought it hook, line, and sinker though.
We can however Garner that Castle really has been caught, or the Pagan Colony has a leak.

In anycase, the shopkeeps are definitely in on this. One might or might not be the priest, but this gives us reason to go back and get a little rough.
>>
No. 828571 ID: 91ee5f

>>828564
>priest
I was thinking they're either a Priest or another one of the Shadowman's Voodoo guys/another Prophet he's hired.
>>
No. 828575 ID: 26c0a3

UNKNOWN mentioned that "we were told to look out for [Gallows]." This means that they aren't working alone. The fact that you weren't taken out on the roof means that your immediate death isn't what they want. This leaves only a few possible motives.

>The church wants you alive.
>UNKNOWN is a priest who toys with their victims.
>This "Dare game" is a hazing that Castle could be putting you through.
>UNKNOWN is a prophet allied with the Voodoo gang.

The messages altering reality don't seem like the work of pagan magic. If UNKNOWN is allied with pagans, then he's probably a prophet.

The third possibility is the most likely for several reasons. You were contacted through a pagan phone, they know you plan to visit Castle, and the dares so far are testing your abilities.
>>
No. 828579 ID: 91ee5f

>>828575
>Hazing.
I hope that's all this is!

And if it's a test, then it may also be to see if we blindly follow the dares or try to find a way out.
>>
No. 828592 ID: 3ce125

Oh, there's another thing we can test: whether the forfeit cost is calculated when the dare is given, or when you forfeit. Like, if you dropped all your items they wouldn't be in your inventory anymore, so if you did that then forfeited, would you lose anything? I'm not suggesting we actually do that though, since if it doesn't work we lose way too much.

Also even if destroying the phone doesn't work and Gallows gets dared to turn himself in with a forfeit cost that's way too high to accept, he can say "I'm a prophet and I'm turning myself in" then immediately say "Someone's daring me to do things" to cause the guards to pass out.
>>
No. 828609 ID: 8d4593

>>828592
Risking all of our items is too high a risk, we'd be a sitting duck. Plus it could affect our Azurite!

And telling the guards might not work either. If this guy has done this before then they might know what's up. If they have no desire to help us then they won't be affected!
>>
No. 828615 ID: 22d3a4

Can you make a facsimile to do it for you?

After you're done, disable your phone so he's forced to contact you directly.
>>
No. 828649 ID: 8a947d
File 150482013766.png - (105.31KB , 1212x826 , DARE 5.png )
828649

> Not alone.
He's attacking you alone right now, "We" may have been a slip up or the others aren't in a position to assist him. in fact his may be a trick to position you somewhere they can help !

Right now you have no choice but to play along

>rolled 18 + 8 = 26

You get on your hands and make way to the guard outpost.
>>
No. 828651 ID: 8a947d
File 150482022737.png - (40.93KB , 1212x826 , DARE 6.png )
828651

A few odd looks and snickers later you stop outside of the outpost. You get as close as you can then stop before you attract any attention. You phone beeps.
>>
No. 828654 ID: 8a947d
File 150482032866.png - (68.66KB , 785x812 , Phone Message 4.png )
828654

UNKNOWN: LOL that was impressive

UNKNOWN: I wish I could have gotten a picture, u almost fell a few times you know :P

UNKNOWN: Now for the next dare...
>>
No. 828656 ID: 3ce125

Smash your phone.
>>
No. 828657 ID: 35add2

>>828654
Unload your six shooter into the phone.
>>
No. 828660 ID: 486e87

Press the call button, with any luck you'll stop them from typing. If they hang up, just keep doing it.
>>
No. 828670 ID: 91ee5f

>>828649
Holy shit! When the fuck did you have time to change back to your normal clothes?!

>>828654
Quick run back to the store where you bought the phone! They're involved in this somehow!
>>
No. 828671 ID: 26c0a3

>>828654
Continue doing UNKNOWN's dares. This is a game, and you should treat it as such.
>>
No. 828676 ID: 8a947d
File 150482242127.png - (203.92KB , 1212x826 , Smash the Phone.png )
828676

>>828670
Yeah you weren't doing handstand in a dress.

>>828656
You smash your phone on the ground, but somethings not right...
>>
No. 828679 ID: 8a947d
File 150482250399.png - (130.78KB , 1212x826 , Smash the Phone 2.png )
828679

Inside the phone groaning and squealing organs with sunken faces and vestigial arms squirm about, blood leaks shoots from the phones interior
>>
No. 828681 ID: 8a947d
File 150482258263.png - (105.66KB , 1212x826 , Smash the Phone 3.png )
828681

The creatures inside of the phone quickly put the phone back together, the cracks on the screen fill with blood and seal themselves, the screen lights back up and beeps. You have a new message.
>>
No. 828682 ID: 486e87

That is creepy. Blood is usually pagan magic right? Might be that this is a pagan's phone, and whoever you're dealing with just channels their power through phones?
>>
No. 828683 ID: 9a9319

how about TRUTH for a change, this game's s'posed to be fun, ya know?
>>
No. 828685 ID: d36af7

Don't read the message. Go into the guard station, hand the phone over to whoever's at the desk, tell 'em you think it might be possessed or something, head back to the supposed meeting site.
>>
No. 828686 ID: 91ee5f

Don't read the message!

If this thing's got blood in it, then that means you've got an infinite Aether Scan with you! Or you just keep using Aether Scan until the blood in the phone is all used up!

Now you just need to walk around town with Aether Scan turned on until you find this guy! I'd say you start at the shop where you bought it!
>>
No. 828689 ID: 91ee5f

>>828685
Actually, since this guard outpost belongs to the Church, I wonder how they'd react to us smashing the phone and it reforming itself in front of them?
>>
No. 828693 ID: 8d4593

Ok. you know what.
Fire.
Kill it with fire. OR
a roaming gluttony.

Based on his response when we climbed the building, it may be unwise to not read the message.

Also, if his dare is indeed to turn ourselves in to the guard, there is a way to cheat.
His dares must be at least somewhat reasonable or doable.
If he Dares us to turn ourselves in at the station, all we have to do is kill everyone inside before the time runs out.
Then turning ourselves in will be impossible and the dare made void.
>>
No. 828694 ID: 22d3a4

Guy said 'most people' ignore the messages he sends- I don't think ignoring it will help now.
>>
No. 828695 ID: 8a947d
File 150482497290.png - (48.88KB , 785x812 , Phone Message 2.png )
828695

>>828682
Usually, but not always. Everything has blood after all... well phones aren't supposed to

Walking into a Guard Station and turning in something like this is a great way to get yourself arrested. You have no reason not to read this message, besides if you ignore a dare you'll end up with the forfeit. you open the messenger.

UNKNOWN: If it was that easy to get rid of the phone I wouldn't bother with it at all :)

UNKNOWN: Try anything you want the phone is stuck with you. Now I was going to give you something easy, but It looks like you might need something a little more difficult or else you'll get bored.

UNKNOWN: DARE-Burn down the guard station
FORFEIT-Your left eye
[30:00:00]
>>
No. 828696 ID: deec6e

Well, the bugger does need to see you. You've been walking around the block, if he comments on watching you smash the phone, maybe you can start mentally triangulating where he might be, based on when he's claimed to see you.

Hmm... odd that Aether sight didn't notice anything was strange with our phone when we used it earlier.
>>
No. 828697 ID: deec6e

rolled 19 + 11 = 30

>>828695

SOLID escalation there. Startin' the mental triangulation gymnastics with +INT!

What block does this bloke have to be at?!
>>
No. 828701 ID: 3ce125

>>828695
Okay, I guess that confirms he's not with the church. Ask him why he's doing this if he's not with the church. Is he with the voodoo group that's been coming after you? Hell, tell him you'd do it even without the threat of losing your eye.

We have the ingredients for a Pyre, right? Or at least a fusion of one? Look around the guard station for a good spot to start a fire. Would Aether Sight be able to spot weak points in the building's structure?

I'm not sure he really needs to see you in person. He might be able to see what happens near the phone.
>>
No. 828704 ID: 8d4593

You could have just asked nicely. Fuck those guys.

In all seriousness though, this is getting absurd. We got 30 minutes to get this guy.
>>
No. 828705 ID: 26c0a3

>>828695
Did you guys really expect smashing the phone to work?

>Don't burn down the guard station

Climbing buildings and walking on your hands is one thing. Burning down buildings and endangering lives is another. If you refuse this dare, you lose an eye. You can't read texts without it, so UNKNOWN's little game will end if he takes it.
>>
No. 828709 ID: 91ee5f

>>828695
Text back: "Really? That's it? All you really needed to do was ask! I fucking hate those guys! I thought you said this was going to be hard?! XD"

Of course, this goes to show that the penalties are very real!

>>828696
It did notice. When we first climbed onto the abandoned building, it lit up as a threat to us.
>>
No. 828713 ID: 26c0a3

Those guards might not be part of the church. Regent means appointed by the government. Is the church running this city?
>>
No. 828715 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 17 + 11 = 28

>>828709
But seriously, whoever it is can see us, meaning they're somewhere nearby.

Let's think about this really hard and hopefully come up with a way to outsmart this person!

Rolling for Intelligence!
>>
No. 828716 ID: 91ee5f

>>828713
Actually, the Church is running everything in pretty much every part of the world.

Which is why they're called the Regent Church.
>>
No. 828719 ID: 91ee5f

>>828716
The Church is the government.
>>
No. 828720 ID: 3ff489

I'm not gonna say he ISNT watching us from somewhere nearby, but on the other hand, we have a phone full of blood faces that maybe has a camera on it.
>>
No. 828722 ID: 26c0a3

>>828716
Alright, then.
>>
No. 828723 ID: 35add2

Smash the phone, use the blood in the phone to cast empower on yourself. Phone reforms, smash the phone again, use the blood to cast empower on yourself again. Repeat until the phone runs out of blood.

I know it's not going to work because there's a very specific way to solve this puzzle and the above probably isn't it, but hey, I'm tryin' here.
>>
No. 828726 ID: d36af7

>>828695
>Walking into a Guard Station and turning in something like this is a great way to get yourself arrested.
Unless anyone who you tell about the situation, and who then tries to separate you from the possessed phone, immediately falls into a coma. In that case they'd have a pretty hard time arresting you, no?

Go in there, use the dare to incapacitate all the guards, set something load-bearing on fire and start dragging unconscious bodies to safety.
>>
No. 828734 ID: 91ee5f

>>828726
But according to UNKNOWN "If nobody believes u or actually cares if ur in trouble or not the effect won't work. Just to be clear."

So would the guards really be affected or not?
>>
No. 828736 ID: 9c2f50

That's all? Alright then, fuck the church!
>>
No. 828744 ID: 35add2

>>828734
I find it difficult to believe the guards wouldn't care about a phone that ooses pagan magic and blood when smashed. Wear the dress if you need to to look more innocent. It's worked in the past.
>>
No. 828754 ID: 91ee5f

>>828709
>Of course, this goes to show that the penalties are very real!
I take back what I said, this doesn't prove the penalties are real, this just shows us that we bought a weird phone.

>>828744
>pagan magic
It's either that or voodoo bullshit.

And if it is Pagan, then we have a traitor that needs to be dealt with.
>>
No. 828768 ID: 830fb7

Do it then Text him: "DARE- meet me face to face at the location of the first dare. FORFEIT- your pride."
When he replys negatively send him "well I guess you have no self pride because you just proved your a big chicken that won't show his face to me in person ".
>>
No. 828787 ID: 8a947d
File 150484215328.png - (281.11KB , 1212x826 , Being Watched.png )
828787

>rolled 19 + 11 = 30

You look up everywhere. There are plenty of high areas to look down at you from but you need to look for one that could see you from in front of the guard station AND the top of the abandoned building. After a bit of scanning the area and doing a little trigonometry you see a large pointed building that could possibly see both areas. It's a good spot to check out first you need to deal with this dare.
>>
No. 828793 ID: 8a947d
File 150484263757.png - (130.96KB , 1212x826 , DARE 7.png )
828793

>>828734
Any guard that heard ask for help would react, but after they fainted the others would probably assume you were up to something. They're not the sharpest guards, plus they look for anyway to make it look like they're doing lots of work and reporting a suspected "heretic" would work.

>>828705
Just because you can't see doesn't mean he wont stop sending texts. It just means you won't be able to read and complete them, if he can take an eye he can do much worse and you can't respond if you're blind. Besides you already lost one eye to some fucking asshole you're not losing another one.

Maybe you should check around the entire building first.

If not summoning something might work but could draw attention if you're not careful.

If you really want to you can go inside and try to get as many people out as possible, it says burn the building down not kill everyone inside.
>>
No. 828799 ID: 26c0a3

>>828793
Place your dead mutant fish in the air vents, then wait for everyone to evacuate. Set the building on fire when you're sure everyone's out.
>>
No. 828801 ID: 3ce125

>>828793
Can we summon a Gelatinous Pyre? We could let it ooze around on the outside walls for a couple minutes like living napalm, then run inside screaming about how the building's on fire? The summon could make its way into one of the windows to spread the fire indoors as well.

I want to look around the building first before we do anything though. If there's a way we can light a fire with just the lantern we should do so, both so we don't use any reagents and so that we don't have to summon a demon.
Like, if we luck out and find any cans of gasoline or oil we could use that.
>>
No. 828802 ID: 3ce125

>>828799
lol that could work too. Dead fish smell is not something people will tolerate.
>>
No. 828806 ID: 8a947d
File 150484467464.png - (97.62KB , 1148x621 , DARE 8.png )
828806

>>828799
>>828802
You climb up the maintenance latter in the back of the building and place the Dead Mutant Fish in the ventilation unit on the roof. A normal fish probably wouldn't be bad enough to clear out a building but a mutant one probably will, you were getting sick of carrying this gross thing around anyway.
>>
No. 828807 ID: 8a947d
File 150484486943.png - (148.83KB , 1212x826 , DARE 9.png )
828807

Soon enough the front door opens and people start to rush out covering their noses. You can hear them below complaining about the stench

"What is that ?"

"Oh god! that's foul!"

"It doesn't stink outside, there must be something wrong with the vents"

The building must be empty by now.
>>
No. 828808 ID: 26c0a3

>>828807
Check inside to make sure, grab anything valuable, and light it up.
>>
No. 828809 ID: 91ee5f

>>828807
>Swarm of people running out and complaining about the smell.
.....huh. I wonder why no one has ever mentioned anything to you about you smelling terrible? You've been carrying that thing around for a while, on top of a few other smelly things. Can no one smell any of that stuff while you're carrying it?

Anyways, there should be a door on the roof that'll let you into the building.

>>828808
This.

Hopefully we can find some good stuff!

And using our lantern's oil and the lighter that comes with it, we can hopefully start a fire! If not, I'm sure we can find the things needed for a Living Pyre or 2 that we can send running through the whole building!
>>
No. 828810 ID: 5f9b77

>>828808
This.

Light em, up!
>>
No. 828822 ID: 3ce125

Okay now summon up a Gelatinous Pyre and send it down the vent shaft. Then get the hell out of there.
>>
No. 828830 ID: 1d3e52

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LkIWmsP3c_s
>>
No. 828840 ID: 91ee5f

>>828822
Do we have enough ingredients to summon that fusion? Can the fire really spread through the vents that easily? And would 1 fire monster be enough to burn this whole building? We might need more than 1.
>>
No. 828854 ID: 3ce125

>>828840
We sure do. Gelatinous Cube has 4 reagents, Pyre has 3. We can just leave out all of the Pyre's reagents. Or I guess find something made of wood in the building and use it instead of the cube's reagents.

OR! We could make a Volatile Pyre. Depends on if the resulting explosion would be more effective than what is effectively a cube of napalm.
>>
No. 828864 ID: 830fb7

I wonder what happens if you fusion summon 2 pyres with each other
>>
No. 828867 ID: 35add2

>>828864
Oh God.
>>
No. 828870 ID: 8a947d
File 150486771772.png - (189.83KB , 1212x826 , DARE 10.png )
828870

You quickly sneak into the building through the back and check around. No holding cells, of course, all suspects go directly to prison. Jeez, that fish is rank! you'd better get out of here quick.

You search the room. and find a Ruby Earring and a Pencil, mere trinkets to the untrained but to you it's enough for something dangerous...
>>
No. 828871 ID: 8a947d
File 150486795716.png - (334.53KB , 1212x826 , DARE 11.png )
828871

Burn some paper, Prepare the Horses Jawbone, The Ruby Earring, The Pencil, 2 Handfuls of Animal guts and voila !

You've got yourself one steaming glob of living jiggling Viscid Immolation! Oh jeez, it's burning the floor. You outta get out of here quick...
>>
No. 828872 ID: 8a947d
File 150486812990.png - (244.40KB , 1212x826 , DARE 12.png )
828872

"Does anybody else see that ?"

"You smell that ? There musta been a gas leak !"

"Hows it spreading so fast ?"

You sneak out back and go through some back streets so nobody see's you flee the scene. People stand and stare as the building burns down, hopefully none finds the Viscid Immolation or there'll be a man hunt. Your phone is ringing, you have a new message!
>>
No. 828873 ID: fd306a

Let's see what our new friend who is also holding us hostage has to say.
>>
No. 828878 ID: 094652

"TRUTH: WHERE WILL YOU BE IN FIVE MINUTES?
BARGAIN: I WANT YOUR NIPPLES IN A BLENDER."
>>
No. 828879 ID: 830fb7

>>828768
see what he has to say then do this
>>
No. 828907 ID: 8d4593

I feel like we should Get to the top of that pointy building.
What's our inventory look like for appropriate summons?
Could we use the Blue Baroness to get to the top?
>>
No. 828908 ID: 91ee5f

>>828907
I think there's a limit to how far the Blue Baroness can allow Roland to teleport. And if that limit doesn't let him get to the top, then he'll just teleport to some point in midair and start falling!
>>
No. 828909 ID: deec6e

>>828908

Although using the Blue Baroness and our new Stygian Fascimile to bluff our asshole stalker into thinking we're off to solve his next dare, when we're really going to search for him would be a pro move. Assuming we can fire a gun somewhere that wouldn't get the attention of the crowd/guards.

Do we have enough resources for the Fascimile?
>>
No. 828911 ID: 8d4593

I just thought of something else.
What if instead of breaking the phone, we used it as summon material?
I'd like to see the blood imps fix something that's been magically consumed.

The Glass is see-through and reflective.
The mainboard, LCD Frame, antennae, and more are metal.
The battery is a volatile material.

There is plenty to work with.
>>
No. 828940 ID: 3ce125

>>828872
Can't you just unsummon it now that the job's done?

Anyway, see what he wants now.
>>
No. 829018 ID: 830fb7

>>828911
this idea seems ripe for the testing
>>
No. 829023 ID: ad94f3

Plan:
Smash Phone over and over again, the ability may not work if it is smashed, considering the fact that the text messages cleared last time you did so.
>>
No. 829024 ID: ad94f3

>>828911
Good idea. I vote for it. My plan probably wouldn't work anyways.
>>
No. 829025 ID: ad94f3

Plan C: Text him your life story, make him care enough so therefore you call for help and he cares about you so therefore he is knocked out.
>>
No. 829026 ID: ad94f3

No, that won't work will it? He can amend his power at any time. His power won't really work against him.
>>
No. 829028 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 20 + 11 = 31

Maybe if Roland thinks really hard, he'll come up with an idea on what to do?

Rolling for Intelligence.
>>
No. 829029 ID: 91ee5f

>>829028
Alright, a crit! Roland will definitely be able to think of a good plan of action to do!
>>
No. 829031 ID: 26c0a3

>>829029
Rolls before they're asked for shouldn't count. Otherwise someone could roll a critfail and everyone else would vote for a different option.
>>
No. 829032 ID: 91ee5f

>>829031
It worked right here: >>828787 , which is the reason we believe the guy on the phone is in that tower.

So if Heretic allowed it to work there, why would he suddenly not allow it now?
>>
No. 829033 ID: a633c6

Could you contact somebody and tell them to investigate the tower without saying you're in danger?
>>
No. 829034 ID: 3ce125

>>829033
Hey that's true, we could ask them to check it out and just say "The reason is a secret" or something like that. Not even implying that there's trouble afoot.
>>
No. 829038 ID: 830fb7

report overhearing a bomb threat at the tower, that'll cause a big raid where they search everywhere and force everyone out of the building
>>
No. 829040 ID: 35add2

>>828911
It's worth a try.
>>
No. 829041 ID: 8a947d
File 150493821712.png - (68.66KB , 785x812 , Phone Message 4.png )
829041

UNKNOWN: Hey, you actually did it. Nice, didn't think you had it in you.

UNKNOWN: Anyway, new dare.

UNKNOWN: DARE - Go to the Angry Badger Pub at this location, it's not too far but don't fuck around getting there.
FORFEIT - Your ability to speak.
[5:00:00] (It's about a 5 minute walk so get the lead out)
>>
No. 829043 ID: 8a947d
File 150493899391.png - (55.47KB , 1212x826 , DARE 13.png )
829043

As you walk to the pub, you can see the tower in the distance. Not too close but not too far, it's odd how the dare is leading you towards the tower instead of away from it...

>rolled 20 + 11 = 31

Could your attacker's plan be to lure you into a trap, what if he planned for you to pick out the tallest point in the area and deduce that he was in there. Anyone with enough common sense could do it and they may have accounted for it. If that's the case then either they're in that tower hiding and waiting for you to walk in and strike, or they're hiding somewhere else.

Whats worse is that before you made the assumption that this person was acting alone off of one coincidence, when in reality there very well may be more than one person after you. You jumped to a conclusion without much thought, but that doesn't change your current situation. right now you should hurry up to the Angry Badger Pub.

>>828911
The summon sign melts away anytime you place it on any part of the phone.

>>829038
You don't have time to stop by a guard station with the current dare going on.
>>
No. 829044 ID: 8a947d
File 150493908674.png - (116.33KB , 1212x826 , DARE 14.png )
829044

You remember the walkie-talkie's you picked up on the boat, Troy should have the other one.

You try to get a hold of him but get no response...
>>
No. 829051 ID: 3ce125

>>829043
Well if the guy isn't working alone then he could have people waiting at the places he sent you to, to relay information or even give him live video feeds. No good way of figuring out where he is from the information we have now.

>>829044
Hmm can you call UNKNOWN? I mean if someone sends you a text you can see their phone number right? If you can get him to pick up the phone you can hear some background noise and maybe use that to figure out where he is.

Regardless, ask him if he did something to your friends.
>>
No. 829053 ID: 8a947d
File 150494145692.png - (100.36KB , 1212x826 , Angry Badger 1.png )
829053

You enter the Angry Badger, a sub par drinking establishment to say the least. Despite that it's not too empty, your phone beeps.

UNKNOWN: Good you made it.

You: I can't contact my friends, did you do something to them ?

UNKNOWN: A, you shouldn't be trying to do that in the first place. B, No I haven't I'm focused on you.

You: Oh I'm flattered. Hey can I call you instead of messaging ?

UNKNOWN: So you can know what I sound like ? Yeah right... actually sure but I outta make it more interesting.

UNKNOWN: DARE-Challenge that large man at the desk to a drinking competition. You don't have to win, but don't stop until you get through 15 drinks.
REWARD- A half a minute call with me.
FORFEIT-Issei's left arm
>>
No. 829054 ID: 91ee5f

>>829043
>The summon sign melts away anytime you place it on any part of the phone.
What if you draw the summon sign on the ground and put in the other reagents first, then put the phone in last?

>>829051
>Well if the guy isn't working alone then he could have people waiting at the places he sent you to, to relay information or even give him live video feeds. No good way of figuring out where he is from the information we have now.
I would say use Aether Scan to try and find those guys, but that'd be a waste of blood, since he could easily be holding any "associates" hostage the same way he's holding us hostage. Meaning Aether Scan wouldn't pick them up as hostile.

.....unless, they've also got phones? Then those would be the only things lighting up as hostile on Aether Scan.

Wait, I just thought of something, that tower would be too far away for him to see Roland almost falling over when he was hand standing, unless he's got binoculars or something. What if he's using technology to watch Roland? And I don't mean the phone!

There's probably a bunch of security cameras all over town, he might be using those to watch us! Which means that he'd be in a building that allowed him to watch all of the cameras all over town! .....maybe. I don't know, I'm just guessing here.

If he is only using phones, then he'd be in a phone company building of some kind.

>Regardless, ask him if he did something to your friends.
Or maybe his power disables all other communication devices we're holding? To make sure that we only use the phone that we've got?

Or maybe there's something jamming the walkie-talkie and not the phone?
>>
No. 829056 ID: 91ee5f

>>829053
An update while I was typing?!

I say do a quick Aether Scan around the room to see if you can spot something other than your phone.

>UNKNOWN: DARE-Challenge that large man at the desk to a drinking competition. You don't have to win, but don't stop until you get through 15 drinks.
He's trying to make Roland drunk so that he'll have a hard time doing more dares!

>FORFEIT-Issei's left arm
That's.....kinda pointless since it can grow back.

But this tells us that he knows Issei's name, but he doesn't know Issei isn't human.

Unless his ability makes it impossible for Issei to grow back his left arm?
>>
No. 829057 ID: 3ce125

>>829053
"Wow that's not fair, how can you set a forfeit for something I don't own? Also that's just gonna grow back. I think I might ignore this one to see if you can even do that."

Also you shouldn't do this because you'll pass out and UNKNOWN will show up to steal your Azerite. ...though if the Azerite is in a safe place it's fine.

OH, I just thought of something clever. The dare didn't specify what size of drinks or what you'll be drinking. How about you set it up so that you're drinking shots of something weak enough that you'll have no trouble getting through 15 drinks? Heck, you could set up the competition so that you stop at 15. If he asks what's the point, just tell him it's for fun.
>>
No. 829059 ID: 26c0a3

>>829053
This is a lot less dangerous than the others. Issei's arm will grow back, and he didn't even set a time limit. Challenge the man to a drinking competition, but take it slowly.
>>
No. 829060 ID: 26c0a3

This is looking even more like a hazing by the minute.
>>
No. 829062 ID: a633c6

The fact that he knows there's a large man at the bar may mean he can see via the phone or some other method.

Drink a couple of drinks, tell the big guy you're in great danger and he goes into a coma, drink however many you need to get to 15 at your leisure.

Ask if this is a hazing, or if he's going to be the third Priest whos ass you're going to kick.
>>
No. 829065 ID: 91ee5f

>>829057
>"Wow that's not fair, how can you set a forfeit for something I don't own? Also that's just gonna grow back. I think I might ignore this one to see if you can even do that."
Let's not try and test if he can change dares into something worse! And if he doesn't know Issei's arm will grow back, then don't tell him!

>>829059
Aren't drinking contests usually to see who lasts the longest and/or who can drink the fastest?

If only Roland could have Ada's ability to chug down multiple giant mugs of alcohol without getting drunk!

.....actually, the rules are drinking competition. They never stated that the drinks have to be alcoholic! We're just drinking some kinda liquid!

Or we could go to the restroom and summon the Stygian Facsimile to compete for us. The summon requires Roland's DNA, so technically it counts as him doing the drinking, right?
>>
No. 829066 ID: 830fb7

>>829062
you might want to also show him the phone to get this to work.
>>
No. 829067 ID: 91ee5f

>>829062
>tell the big guy you're in great danger and he goes into a coma
UNKNOWN has told us, "If nobody believes u or actually cares if ur in trouble or not the effect won't work. Just to be clear."

I don't see how the big guy is gonna care if a stranger is in danger or not, it's none of his business.
>>
No. 829068 ID: 3ce125

...huh, there's no time limit for this one. So we could, indeed, take as long as we wanted with the drinking competition.
>>
No. 829071 ID: 35add2

>>829057
>The dare didn't specify what size of drinks or what you'll be drinking. How about you set it up so that you're drinking shots of something weak enough that you'll have no trouble getting through 15 drinks?
"I challenge you to a drinking competition, of Malibu Beach shots."

If he doesn't turn down your challenge because it's such a girly drink (thus giving you an automatic win) then you know he's a big enough man to care about a stranger in trouble, and you can use >>829062 's suggestion to knock him out. Be 100% honest about your situation if it comes to that, it will only work in your favor more. And anyway a Malibu Beach is a very weak drink. 15 shots is nothing.
>>
No. 829072 ID: 8a947d
File 150494408894.png - (115.53KB , 1212x826 , Angry Badger 2.png )
829072

Issei's arm may just grow back but you still would hate for him to get his arm chopped off out of nowhere, besides you can only assume he, Troy, and Uma are in a public space surrounded by people. If he were to get his arm removed in such a mysterious manner he could draw large amount of attention to himself and the group. There's that and you've noticed before that Issei doesn't have normal blood, he has deep blue blood and if anyone sees that in the current atmosphere he's gonna get reported.

>>829062
The dare is to challenge him to a drinking contest and make it to 15, not to just drink 15 drinks. Besides this guy wouldn't believe or care if you were in danger.

You walk up to the counter.

You: Uhh...Hey buddy, how ya feel about drink off huh ? You look like a light weight.

Large Man: Look who's talkin' squirt, I've drunk ten men under the table befer. You'd be no different.

You: Then you've got nothing to worry about huh ? C'mon humor me.

Large Man: *snort* Fine! I ain't got nothin better ta do anyhow. Bar keep! we gotta a challenger here!
>>
No. 829073 ID: 8a947d
File 150494441239.png - (130.35KB , 1037x799 , Angry Badger 3.png )
829073

People around the bar start to stare at the announcement of a challenge.The woman at the bar brings out double two cups and pours something strong into each one.

You: These are uhh...pretty big aren't they ?

Large Man: HAH! You outta quit now if ya think this is big.

Hopefully you can keep this down. You'll have to ENDURE this for a while.

[roll 1d20 + 5 for ENDURANCE (Success = 15)]
>>
No. 829074 ID: ba506f

rolled 11 + 5 = 16

>Hopefully you can keep this down.
NOPE
>>
No. 829077 ID: 3ce125

rolled 13 + 5 = 18

I dunno if the dare condition really requires reaching 15 drinks before losing. That seems physically impossible considering the size and strength of the drinks involved. I feel like losing before 15 drinks would count too. So would winning.

Do we need multiple successes here?
>>
No. 829078 ID: 8a947d
File 150494515705.png - (102.54KB , 886x728 , Angry Badger 4.png )
829078

>rolled 11 + 5 = 16

One...Two...Hughh, Three, Four...Ugh FIVE! That's FIVE for now. Your phone buzzes on your fifth drink.

UNKNOWN: Hi again! sorry this is kinda embarrassing but SOMEBODY didn't put a time limit on ur last dare. Im so embarrased but you seem well enough along so Ill make it...

[1:00:00]

UNKNOWN: No wait...

[1:30:00]

UNKNOWN: Yeah there we go :) Well you shouldnt have too much trouble as your going keep it up!

Great, fucking great. ten more drinks to go in one and a half minutes...

[roll 1d20 + 5 from ENDURANCE (Success = 20]
>>
No. 829079 ID: 3ce125

rolled 8 + 5 = 13

>>829078
Alrighty. ...though with the way the skill check is rising, getting to 15 drinks is going to require a perfect 20. Unless this roll is for the next ten drinks.
>>
No. 829080 ID: 9876c4

rolled 7 + 5 = 12

Use your drunken brain to think of some way to gain an advantage.
This is just for endurance, though
>>
No. 829082 ID: 3ce125

Since you're just slamming them down you should probably get to 15, say you give up, then immediately rush to the toilet to puke. That way you won't have to actually ingest them all and pass out.
>>
No. 829083 ID: a2d9cf

rolled 8 + 5 = 13

Bottoms up...
>>
No. 829087 ID: ba506f

rolled 13 + 5 = 18

now I mess it up
>>
No. 829088 ID: 3ce125

Well, since it looks like we've finally failed another skill check, I'm hoping the spoilered forfeit means it's not a real forfeit.
>>
No. 829089 ID: ba506f

>>829088
didn't say we had to win just chug 15 drinks
>>
No. 829091 ID: 8a947d
File 150494666292.png - (62.13KB , 734x641 , Angry Badger 5.png )
829091

You get one more drink down but end up gagging mid way throw the seventh drink. You look over at your opponent, he's twelve drinks in already. You're glad you don't need to beat this monster. You look at the timer on your phone.

[1:30:00 ==> 1:00:05]

You're running out of time.

[roll 1d20 + 5 again (Success = 18)]
>>
No. 829093 ID: 3ce125

rolled 15 + 5 = 20

>>829091
C'mon Gallows.
>>
No. 829095 ID: fe7355

rolled 11 + 5 = 16

Y'know, if you pass out drunk before you can even read the phone, you won't have to deal with another dare for awhile. ...Actually, you're gonna be so messed up from these drinks you may not even be able to converse with your antagonist coherently if you do get through all 15 drinks. And inducing vomiting so you don't end up completely wasted while facing the next dares may be prudent.
>>
No. 829096 ID: 8a947d
File 150494748169.png - (71.52KB , 746x655 , Angry Badger 6.png )
829096

>rolled 15 + 5 = 20

Seven, Eight...Nine, TEN! That's ten, five more before you're done.

The sickness has passed by now, but something else is crawling up. The rooms starting to spin a little. Your getting tipsy.

Your Intelligence has dropped by 3 temporarily.

Your Agility has dropped by 3 temporarily.

Your Perception has dropped by 3 temporarily.

[1:00:05 ==> 0:35:15]

Five more and you'll be finished.

[Roll 1d20 + 5 (Success = 23)]
>>
No. 829097 ID: 3ce125

rolled 5 + 5 = 10

>>829096
WELP here we go
This better be the Pagans (Castle specifically, most likely) hazing Gallows. Heck I'm almost certain at this point. This whole dare thing doesn't make a lot of sense otherwise.
>>
No. 829098 ID: 9876c4

rolled 6 + 5 = 11

Unlucky in love, lucky at drinks.
>>
No. 829099 ID: 26c0a3

rolled 12 + 5 = 17

>>829096
Incoming nat1.
>>
No. 829113 ID: ba506f

rolled 2 + 5 = 7

let's see now
>>
No. 829115 ID: 830fb7

rolled 12 + 5 = 17

Issei needs us to do this, he could be killed or hunted if we fail. (this is most likely where my roll fails)
>>
No. 829121 ID: b20e5a

Eh
>>
No. 829122 ID: 9aa199

rolled 11 + 5 = 16

I support this failure train.
>>
No. 829137 ID: 26c0a3

*Cue scene shift to Issei*
*Issei's arm disappears*
"Huh?"
*Scene shift back to Gallows*
>>
No. 829142 ID: fd306a

rolled 6 + 5 = 11

>>829122
Choo choo
>>
No. 829146 ID: deec6e

rolled 12 + 9 = 21

>>829096

Man, I wish we hadn't just shot off taking shots like that. There's so many things we could've done differently. Like...

"Toughie - I'mma up the ante. Lemme drink" [point to something that goes down swift and easy] "THAT from here, 'n if I still loose, y'get 50 bucks. 'tender, line me up five shots o' it, c'mon, go go go."

Charm+[speech]
>>
No. 829159 ID: 9ad720

rolled 18 + 5 = 23

let's see how it turns out.
>>
No. 829173 ID: 91ee5f

>>829159
You got it!
>>
No. 829229 ID: 8d4593

>UNKNOWN: Hi again! sorry this is kinda embarrassing but SOMEBODY didn't put a time limit on ur last dare. Im so embarrased but you seem well enough along so Ill make it...

Once again sounds like two familiar people.
>>
No. 829231 ID: 26c0a3

>>829159
Ninth time's the charm.
>>
No. 829281 ID: 8a947d
File 150499513261.png - (121.36KB , 890x740 , Angry Badger 7.png )
829281

>rolled 18 + 5 = 23
You take way too long on each drink, but ultimately make it to 15 drinks with 5 seconds left on your timer. You forfeit the drinking match and stumble away from the front counter, everything's sort of swaying back and forward. You fall face first into a table in the corner of the bar. It's official, you're 100% drunk.

Your Intelligence, Agility, and Perception have all dropped by 3 temporarily again.

Your phone beeps, You have a new message.

UNKNOWN: So I forgot your time limit before, sorry about that. Anyway, you've saved your friend his arm and got a phone call with me.

UNKNOWN begins to call you. You answer and listen carefully to anything that might help. All you can hear in the background is music, music with a heavy beat. UNKNOWN soon after hangs up, you're sure you've heard that music before...
>>
No. 829295 ID: 91ee5f

>>829281
>music with a heavy beat.
>>828044
>a small radio plays music with a heavy beat.
I was right about a shopkeeper being involved, but I was wrong about which store the shopkeeper is in!

It's Clancy from the Hack 'n' Slash!

.....maybe? Or maybe it's just some guy that's in the store?
>>
No. 829299 ID: 26c0a3

>>829281
Get something to eat and use some of your blood on Aether Sight. That should clear out a lot of the alcohol in your veins and slow the absorbtion of the rest.
>>
No. 829300 ID: 3ce125

The music was on the radio. Multiple people have radios. This doesn't nail down the caller's position. What did the caller's voice sound like? What did they say? If it was Clancy you'd recognize him.

Go puke in the toilet.
>>
No. 829304 ID: 91ee5f

>>829299
>use some of your blood on Aether Sight.
Good idea. And it's Aether Scan now. We got it upgraded in the last thread.

>>829300
>What did the caller's voice sound like? What did they say?
He actually didn't say anything. Roland just answered the phone and UNKNOWN was silent for the whole call.

I think it is Clancy because Roland has heard his voice already, so he was silent so that Roland wouldn't recognize him!

But you're right, it could be anyone.
>>
No. 829306 ID: 26c0a3

I don't think UNKNOWN is Clancy. When we met him, he was fixing spelling errors and incorrect information in what was likely his sales record. UNKNOWN's messages have all been sloppy, and they've forgotten to add a time limit. Considering Clancy was correcting a book like that, he must have an assistant who wrote it.

Ask UNKNOWN if you can take a break to work off this hangover. Go back to Clancy's shop under the pretence of asking him to repair your broken gun.
>>
No. 829309 ID: 35add2

>>829281
Look on the bright side. Being drunk means you have a higher tolerance for pain!

Throw up ASAP as alcohol doesn't take much time to get into your system, drink lots of water, go eat some chicken, turkey, or eggs, and I would say take a nap but you aren't really in a position to do that.
>>
No. 829310 ID: 91ee5f

>>829306
>Considering Clancy was correcting a book like that, he must have an assistant who wrote it.
Actually, only some of the texts have spelling errors and text speech, like using "u" instead of "you", while the other texts are neatly written.

This, along with that text of complaining about not putting a time limit, and how frequently "we" keeps getting thrown in there when talking about himself, shows that UNKNOWN actually could be multiple people doing this.

And if you're right about an assistant, then both of them could be working together.

Which makes me wonder, does one of them have the dare power and the other is just bluffing or do they both have the same power?
>>
No. 829319 ID: 8a947d
File 150499979716.png - (86.54KB , 991x662 , Angry Badger 8.png )
829319

>Use up blood
You've got about 58 ounces left, you'd need to get rid of a lot of it to fix this. That'd leave you with less blood to use spells with later . Do you still want to burn up your blood ?

You get up to go vomit but before you can get away from the table your phone rings again.

UNKNOWN: Hey wait! ur not done here yet ! turn around and look at the table behind u.

The table behind you has a knife embedded in the wood and multiple nicks in it.

UNKNOWN: Howsabout u play a little 5 finger filet ? its more fun the drunker you are :D

UNKNOWN: DARE-Play 5 Finger Filet: Get the knife across all 5 fingers and back. dont care if u cut urself, but hit near the innermost gaps in ur fingers.
FORFEIT: Troy's right hand
[00:30:00]
>>
No. 829320 ID: 8a947d
File 150500002510.png - (196.72KB , 1212x826 , Angry Badger 9.png )
829320

Okay, no problem. You've played 5 Finger Fillet before...Just not drunk

[roll 1d20 + 2 from AGILITY. Below 10 is a cut, above 10 is a miss. If you roll a 1 you'll lose a finger.]
>>
No. 829321 ID: 8a947d

You can still try to lower your blood alcohol if you know a way.
>>
No. 829324 ID: 3ce125

>>829319
>table behind u
Okay that confirms he's able to see through the phone. The only clue to his location we have is the music.
We could lower blood alcohol by using it as a summoning ingredient. It is, after all, a poisonous material. We're missing a dead reptile for the vanguard though, which means, again, it has to be a fusion. Unless... we substitute something else for it? Like a dead bug. Hey, if we purposefully fail a summon does it still consume the reagents? We could do that-- we sure don't want to actually summon a Vanguard in the middle of the bar. We'd have to give up "something used for war" which I suppose can be the broken dagger.

Alternatively Gallows can just Empower himself to get a much higher Agility. Or do both things!
>>
No. 829325 ID: 3ce125

Oh, after the game ask the bartender whose knife that is.
>>
No. 829327 ID: 26c0a3

>>829324
I don't think pulling alcohol directly out of our blood for a summon is possible. Empowering ourselves is a good idea, though.
>>
No. 829328 ID: 26c0a3

rolled 4 + 2 = 6

>>829320
Rolling
>>
No. 829331 ID: 91ee5f

>>829324
Using Empower will use up 20oz of blood. That'll help us not feel drunk and boost our speed!

However, we'll only have 38oz of blood left, so don't count on using Empower again for a while.

>Okay that confirms he's able to see through the phone.
No it doesn't.

It only proves that he's got someone helping him and that person is following Roland. He knows where we are, so it makes sense that he can send his helper to our location to plant the knife.
>>
No. 829337 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 18 + 2 = 20

>>829331
Also, I'd like to try rolling normally before we try using Empower.
>>
No. 829338 ID: 91ee5f

>>829337
Yay!

Oh, one last thing.

>>829320
>Below 10 is a cut, above 10 is a miss. If you roll a 1 you'll lose a finger.
What happens if we roll exactly 10?
>>
No. 829342 ID: 8a947d
File 150500245767.png - (438.63KB , 1212x826 , Angry Badger 10.png )
829342

>rolled 4 + 2 = 6
FFFFFFFF-.... Okay! Hit yourself on your first try doesn't look too good but things'll be fine.

>rolled 18 + 2 = 20
You get over your next two fingers just fine.

[00:25:30]

>What happens if we roll exactly 10?
1-10 = Hit
11-20 = Miss
>>
No. 829343 ID: a633c6

rolled 16 + 2 = 18

Try throwing up to purge your system.
>>
No. 829344 ID: 26c0a3

rolled 14 + 2 = 16

>>829342
More rolls!
>>
No. 829345 ID: 8a947d
File 150500294864.png - (96.76KB , 852x701 , Empowered.png )
829345

>Empower
You use Empower to burn off some of your blood and gain some extra agility for a little bit [58oz ==> 38oz]. You're not as drunk anymore (3 of your Agility returns, + 5 to Agility)

You continue through with 5 finger fillet and make it through the first pass in no time with your newfound speed. Soon enough it wears off. Another round and you'll be done.

[roll 1d20 + 5]
>>
No. 829352 ID: 26c0a3

rolled 6 + 5 = 11

>>829345
Neat.
>>
No. 829353 ID: 8a947d
File 150500395863.png - (119.74KB , 996x760 , Angry Badger 11.png )
829353

>rolled 16 + 25 = 21
>rolled 14 + 25 = 19
>rolled 6 + 5 = 11

You muster up a few more strikes with your knife and manage to get through the rest of your game without cutting off one of your fingers! You wrap your thumb in some of your bandages and get up from the table. You need to get back to Hack 'n' Slash it's the only lead you've got.

>Oh, after the game ask the bartender whose knife that is
Bartender: Hmm? Oh I don't know.

Bartender: People drop knives like pennies here, just take it.

You got a Small Dagger. There's nothing coming in through your phone , you should hurry before you get another dare.
>>
No. 829356 ID: 3ce125

>>829353
Well, may as well show up there. Worst case scenario it's not him and we're simply out of leads again. Just put your disguise back on, it's gonna be crowded in that square. ...actually maybe we can use the crowds to our advantage. If there's someone following you, you can lose them in the crowd.
>>
No. 829357 ID: 91ee5f

>>829353
>You need to get back to Hack 'n' Slash it's the only lead you've got.
>There's nothing coming in through your phone, you should hurry before you get another dare.
Good idea, let's get going to the Hack 'n' Slash!

Hey, didn't you have something that restored your blood in your inventory? Or did you use that already?

And that knife, does it look like one of the knives that was being sold at the Hack 'n' Slash?
>>
No. 829360 ID: 35add2

>>829353
Drink a large glass of water from the bar before you leave to help with you being drunk. Empower doesn't last that log.
>>
No. 829370 ID: 91ee5f

>>829356
>Just put your disguise back on, it's gonna be crowded in that square.
Not sure we have time for that before the next dare shows up!

>>829361
True, but I could've swore we randomly got one from somewhere that wasn't in Ada's shop. Not that we even bought one from there anyways.
>>
No. 829375 ID: 26c0a3

>>829370
I checked the previous threads. We did buy a blood vial with the blue baroness, but we must have forgotten about it. I'll add it to the pastebin unless we want to use it now.
>>
No. 829376 ID: 26c0a3

Sorry about all the post deletion.
>>
No. 829377 ID: 91ee5f

>>829360
>Empower doesn't last that long.
It already wore off.

>>829372
>We did buy a blood vial with the blue baroness, but we must have forgotten about it.
We did get one from Ada? Well, I was right about us having one, but I was wrong about not getting it from Ada!
>>
No. 829378 ID: 26c0a3

>>829377
[Blood Restorative]: A vial of thick sludge that restores 20 ounces of blood.
>>
No. 829404 ID: 8a947d
File 150501525482.png - (180.32KB , 1212x826 , DARE 15.png )
829404

You rush back to the market district and into the crowd. The Hack'N'Slash store is dark but the door is still unlocked...
>>
No. 829405 ID: 8a947d
File 150501556644.png - (113.31KB , 1212x826 , DARE 16.png )
829405

Inside the same music is playing, Clancy's no where to be seen. The back door is slightly ajar, but do you want to go in ? It's possible that this is a set up to be ambushed, but you need to end this now. What should you do ?

>Sneak in silently
>Go around a different part of the building
>Use your INTELLIGENCE to think something up. (roll 1d20 + 11 from INTELLIGENCE to create a plan, may use up inventory items in the process.)
>>
No. 829409 ID: 3ce125

rolled 14 + 11 = 25

>>829405
Well I have a plan of my own but let's try an Intelligence roll to improve it:
Text Unknown back. Ask why so quiet. Then go through the door while they're typing.
>>
No. 829410 ID: a633c6

*Jeopardy thinking Music*

Don't fall for the bucket over the ajar door trick.
>>
No. 829412 ID: a633c6

rolled 17 + 11 = 28

>>829410
...let's try that again.
>>
No. 829413 ID: 225865

rolled 5 + 11 = 16

It's time to think...
>>
No. 829414 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 19 + 11 = 30

>>829405
>Use your INTELLIGENCE to think something up. (roll 1d20 + 11 from INTELLIGENCE to create a plan, may use up inventory items in the process.)
Let's see what you can come up with, Roland. What's your plan of attack?
>>
No. 829415 ID: 91ee5f

>>829414
Ssssso close to a crit!

Oh well, this is good enough.
>>
No. 829435 ID: 8a947d
File 150501897482.png - (28.06KB , 1212x826 , DARE 17.png )
829435

It's completely dark inside. You try to text UNKNOWN but they do not respond, you have no real choice but to go inside.
>>
No. 829436 ID: 8a947d
File 150501906179.png - (24.84KB , 1212x826 , DARE 18.png )
829436

The light from the main room reveals a few things on the desk in the back of the room. A handful of bullet casings and metal shavings on top of stacks of paper. Messy.

You also hear something too, clicking metal...like a gun cocking.
>>
No. 829437 ID: 8a947d
File 150501912525.png - (434.57KB , 1212x826 , DARE 19.png )
829437

*BANG* *BANG*

???: Too easy...
>>
No. 829440 ID: 8a947d
File 150501922480.png - (119.10KB , 1212x826 , DARE 20.png )
829440

???: You're who I was supposed to look out for ? To think you'd fall for such an easy trick...

But in reality, you're not dead of course...
>>
No. 829442 ID: 8a947d
File 150501943966.png - (274.56KB , 1212x826 , DARE 21.png )
829442

???: Wait...What the hell ?

The skin and flesh of "your" body begin to dissolve away revealing a trio of Volatile Deviants beneath it. You didn't walk into that room, you fusion summoned a Stygian Facsimile with some Volatile Deviant to create a Combustible Clone.
>>
No. 829444 ID: 8a947d
File 150501956918.png - (371.07KB , 1212x826 , DARE 22.png )
829444

The back room goes up in smoke and flames, it may seem like a big explosion but the fusion of demons diluted its real power. You hung a sign outside before doing this too, "Weapons test in progress". Seems like a good cover.

Whoever's back there must be hurt like hell right now.
>>
No. 829445 ID: efcc58

>>829442
What did we use for the summon?
>>
No. 829446 ID: 830fb7

Remember this recipe I think it might come in handy in the future.
>>
No. 829447 ID: 3ce125

>>829442
Bwahaha.

>>829444
Activate Aether Sight (just in case there's other threats in that room) and move in to disarm and interrogate.
>>
No. 829448 ID: 8a947d

>>829445
We used Amethyst, A Mirror, 3 Animal Viscera, 5 Small Caliber Bullets and an Iron Sheet
>>
No. 829450 ID: 91ee5f

I think this is good enough proof that this isn't hazing from Castle, that could've killed you if you didn't send in your summon!

Also, it's kinda hard to deny that someone in this store was involved somehow.
>>
No. 829452 ID: 91ee5f

>>829450
Oh yeah, almost forgot!

After you're done interrogating that asshole, look around on the shelves to see if there's anything to take! Getting some free ammo and/or weapons is good payback for the shit these guys have put you through! Along with any money from the register!

Of course, this all depends on if the shelves, the stock in the back, and the register, haven't already been cleared out before you got here and/or survived the explosion!
>>
No. 829453 ID: a633c6

Be very very careful interrogating him. DO so at gunpoint, and if he starts to list off a dare, finish him.
>>
No. 829454 ID: 094652

OH DOODY.

That gives you JUST enough time to steal all that special bullet making equipment, the money from the register, and all manner of bullets before they go off from the heat and start killing innocent bystanders wow you're not even being sarcastic about this line of thinking anymore.

Unfortunately, odds are the phone guy sent in a patsy to shoot you for him. Throw your phone in the fire, and get to looting. You can pick up your phone AFTER it stops burning.
>>
No. 829456 ID: 830fb7

voodoo men hired an assassin?
>>
No. 829458 ID: 3ce125

Wait, if this is a Voodoo Men assassin, he could have voodoo powers, which means he might be unharmed. Don't charge in recklessly.
>>
No. 829462 ID: 91ee5f

>>829458
Not if he's hired help! Then we'd have to be worried about them possibly being a Prophet! Or he honestly could just be a normal hitman with no special powers at all.

Which, considering our track record, would be a very nice change of pace! Having a normal guy with no powers trying to kill us would be nice for once!
>>
No. 829475 ID: 8d4593

>>829447
we are pretty low on blood. But maybe we could use This other guy's.
>>
No. 829531 ID: 8a947d
File 150506356540.png - (235.68KB , 1212x826 , DARE 23.png )
829531

You enter the ruined and charred room. On the floor a small jackalope lays bruised and bloodied but still alive. You recognize him from the Pack Rat shop, Burqel.

Burqel: *cough* *cough*...Y-You're a pagan?
>>
No. 829533 ID: 3583d1

>>829531
Kick his gun away if it's still there

"And you must be the the unknown guy whose be treating me like a dancing monkey. You're a real sick fucker you know that? But hey, one thing I guess you never learned, no matter how good you think you are, there's always someone who's better."

Then cock your gun, and point it at him.

"Now it's my turn, DARE: tell just what the fuck you think you were doing. FORFEIT: I shoot you."
>>
No. 829534 ID: 91ee5f

>>829531
Before you say anything to him, his other hand is hidden behind his leg! He's either hoping to shoot you or he's trying to text his partner to warn them! Make sure you don't let him do either!

Take away whatever he's got and make sure he keeps both hands where you can see them! Go through all of his pockets and make absolutely sure he's disarmed!

Once you do that, that's when you can start talking to him!

>*cough* *cough*...Y-You're a pagan?
(sarcastically) "Naw, I'm a Preist. Can't you tell?"
>>
No. 829536 ID: 8a947d
File 150506516392.png - (227.78KB , 1212x826 , DARE 24.png )
829536

You check him for anything else. Aside from the other phone he was using to contact you his pockets are empty. You pick him up by his shirt and hold him against the wall.

You: Nah, I'm a god damn priest here to tell you about my lord and savior Mr Ass whooping.

You: Yes, I'm a pagan ! Now tell me what you think you were doing before I make rabbit stew out of you!

Burqel: ...T-This doesn't make sense...Look there's been a giant misunderstanding.

You: One that led to you almost shooting me ? That's one hell of a misunderstanding Bugs! What the hell are you talking about ? Hell why should I listen to you at all after all of this shit ?
>>
No. 829537 ID: 8a947d
File 150506528052.png - (160.72KB , 1009x747 , DARE 25.png )
829537

Burqel lifts his hand up to show it to you, the pagans mark glows on the back of his paw.

Burqel: I'm a pagan too man...Things just didn't go as smoothly as we thought they would...

You check your mark, the fact that it's showing means this is legit.
>>
No. 829539 ID: 13fded

Who told you I was a threat?
>>
No. 829540 ID: 9876c4

You're not dead yet, so keep talking.
>>
No. 829542 ID: 13fded

>>829540
I think we can stop the threats for now.
>>
No. 829543 ID: a633c6

Welp, put him down I guess.
Well get to explaining yourself! Why do you go off making people run over hill and dale on sick dares? Is this some kind of half baked trap or are you in it for kicks? How did you follow me? Where the hell is Castle?

Maybe summon fiddler imp to do some healing.
>>
No. 829544 ID: 8a947d
File 150506679203.png - (116.51KB , 796x826 , DARE 26.png )
829544

You: Then why attack me ? Who told you I was a threat ?

Burqel: We weren't after you specifically.

Burqel: Castle left on some secret business he couldn't tell us about, but he told us to be on the look out for a priest that could be looking for him.

Burqel: This priest is supposed to be a skilled hitman sent after dangerous pagans, and since you seem so eager to find Castle you must know that he know's something big. We couldn't let that priest get any information as castle, but we don't know what he looks like or what his name is...

Burqel: All we know is that this priest is wrapped head to toe in bandages, much like you are.

Burqel: I put the phone in my shop because I knew he couldn't resist any form of information on Castle's whereabouts, but I also knew we couldn't take him on alone so instead I planned to stall him until Castle came back in case he tried to leave town.
>>
No. 829547 ID: 91ee5f

>>829544
Tell him that Flint sent you to meet with Castle because Castle is supposed to be able to help you with something. Don't mention the Azurite yet.

Also ask who "we" is? Is it Clancy?

And ask if this Dare power is real or if it's a giant bluff? Because you'd like for it to be removed so that none of your friends will fall into a coma. Or will you have to actually wait for the timer to run out?
>>
No. 829550 ID: deec6e

>>829544

So, what now? Do we wait for Castle, or do we try to deal with this dangerous priest, or what? And what happened to the shop owner that was here? He ok?

Also, drop your whole blood phone stuff if it's still going, so I can call on my friends - they're trustworthy and we're gonna want their help if we or Castle are in danger. Gonna bet at least one or two of the antics you've had me do might attract his attention if he's actually around.
>>
No. 829551 ID: a633c6

I say summon fiddler imp to do some healing to stop the internal bleeding.
>>
No. 829552 ID: deec6e

>>829544

"So, what now? Do we wait for Castle, or do we try to deal with this dangerous priest, or what? And what happened to the shop owner that was here? He ok?"

"Also, drop the bloodphone stuff, so I can call on my friends - they're trustworthy and we're gonna want the backup. If there's a priest around, he might've taken note of the guard station burning down, or any of the pagan magic stuff I've been doing to accomplish your dares."
>>
No. 829553 ID: deec6e

>>829547
>>829552

Derp. Me not realizing I'd already (accidentally?) posted.
>>
No. 829554 ID: 91ee5f

>>829547
Aw, shit. I just realized something.

>>829544
>All we know is that this priest is wrapped head to toe in bandages, much like you are.
I really hope that if this guy happens to meet our friends, they're smart enough to be able to tell that he's not Roland!

Which shouldn't be too hard, considering Issei can smell that's he's not Roland and Troy should be able to tell from the way he acts that he's not Roland. The only one that hasn't been around Roland long enough to spot an impostor would be Uma.

But since she's learning Prophet things from Troy, I'm sure they're hanging around each other, which should prevent her from getting fooled.
>>
No. 829556 ID: efcc58

>>829544
Show him your markings.
>>
No. 829558 ID: 91ee5f

>>829554
Forgot about something!

Some of the penalties for failing a dare were your friends' body parts. He threatened them by name, so ask how he found out what their names were?
>>
No. 829560 ID: 16b2fb

Ask for some type of reparation. This guy made you burn down a guard station (Thankfully you didn't kill any innocent people.) and almost just killed you.
>>
No. 829561 ID: 35add2

>>829547
>And ask if this Dare power is real or if it's a giant bluff? Because you'd like for it to be removed so that none of your friends will fall into a coma. Or will you have to actually wait for the timer to run out?

This.

Also ask him out he could see our every move in great detail but somehow missed all of the pagan magic we were doing.

He's a pretty big asshole for not putting in the smallest bit of effort into trying to verify that we are the person he's after. I'll admit it's not common to see someone covered head to toe in bandages, but still.
>>
No. 829563 ID: 8d4593

You know what? Gimme the formula for whatever is in this phone and we'll call this even.

Any leads on Castle?
>>
No. 829564 ID: 3583d1

Well 10 points to fucking gryffindor you idiot! Not only did you give the phone to the wrong guy, you gave it to someone on your side, and with your stupid fucking antics you may have just let this other guy get away...
>>
No. 829572 ID: 8c7a41

>>829544
>wrapped head to toe in bandages
well, if the guardshouse DARE had gone your way there would be a lot more people fitting that description around town.
first things first, summon fiddler to patch him up (and cure our alcohol poisoning)
second things second, further proof of identity: perform blood arts and/or summon something
third things last, you're going to stick close to me cause i'm not letting you out of eye sight
>>
No. 829573 ID: fd306a

A priest wrapped head to toe in bandages? Of course it makes so much sense now, they've got no style so they're trying to copy yours! We cant let them get away with this.
>>
No. 829593 ID: 8a947d
File 150508538938.png - (94.87KB , 1212x826 , DARE 27.png )
829593

Fiddler heals Burqel.

You: You were tracking me through the phone weren't you ? That's how you saw me the whole time isn't it ?

Burqel: No, My wife Yormi was following you the whole time. She's undetectable to any sort of tracking technology or ability. You got here pretty fast so she hasn't caught up yet...

You: So now we have a priest out and about and you sprung your one trap on me ?

Burqel: Looks like it...

You: Well shit, you don't have anything else that could help ?

Burqel: Castle and the rest of the heavy hitters are out on business, we've got nothing right now...Unless you and your group are tough enough to deal with him. Let's go back to Pack Rat for now, the odds of your friends running into the priest is low.
>>
No. 829594 ID: 8a947d
File 150508541567.png - (2.94KB , 1212x826 , Transition.png )
829594

...

Gallows is taking too long...
>>
No. 829598 ID: 8a947d
File 150508582815.png - (143.89KB , 1212x826 , Troy 1.png )
829598

Your name is Troy Oxten, former smuggler, relapsing tobacco addict, prophet. For the time being you have no where to be and nothing to do. Your friend Gallows has been gone all day possibly gaining information on the whereabouts of some other pagan necessary in your pursuit to get rid of the church.

For now you Issei and Uma have sat down at a fancy cafe for a small break. Issei brings back a plate of strawberry cake...you seriously need to help this guy eat something other than strawberries and people.
>>
No. 829604 ID: b93e63

After you finish your meal, maybe head around town to see if you can find Gallows. Maybe start where he and Uma were looking around.
>>
No. 829607 ID: 8d4593

What about... Strawberry people?
Gallows can do one of his fusion summons for that, right?

Seriously though, Issei seems like one of those guys that might seriously appreciate some comfort food.
The kind of stuff someones mama might make.
Aint nothin like that here though. Too fancy.
Why don't you take a walk. Stretch your legs. Find some Real food.
Maybe you'll run into Roland on the way.
>>
No. 829611 ID: 91ee5f

>>829593
That didn't tell us anything about the Dare ability! That didn't even tell us if it could be removed or if Roland has to wait for time to run out!

It would be nice to know about that so that if we get everyone to meet up with Roland, we can actually form a coordinated search for the Priest, without having to worry about being sent into a coma!

.....although, it'll be interesting to see if Roland can take care of himself, while we're in control of Troy!

>>829598
Well, you've still got that walkie-talkie you got from the boat, right? Roland's got the other one, so why don't you try calling him?

>you seriously need to help this guy eat something other than strawberries and people.
I don't think you can get him to stop eating people, which might not be so bad, considering he only eats bad people.

However, maybe if you try getting a different flavor of berry, he'll try it?
>>
No. 829613 ID: a633c6

So what do you think of this Uma girl?
>>
No. 829620 ID: 8c7a41

>>829598
keep suggesting clam chowder, they'll come around eventually.
If Gallows is late then its probably voodoo men or priests so stay vigilant.
>>
No. 829661 ID: 8a947d
File 150509337390.png - (371.68KB , 1212x826 , Troy 2.png )
829661

>>829611
Dare is under Burqel's control, Burqel doesn't want to kill Gallows anymore, it's deactivated

You left your walkie in the hotel room you rented...shit what if Roland's trying to contact you ?...Eh, he'll be fine.

>>829607
All of the food here does focus too much on being pretty and well cut, but it lacks soul. There should be a real food joint somewhere around here.

Troy: I'm takin' a walk, I won't be goin' too far.

Issei: are you sure ? splitting up too much isn't too great right now with the city being on high alert.

Uma: Are you still going to show me how to better control Gya ?

Troy: Of course, an' don't worry. I'm just gonna go look for a place with real food, nothin' here looks good...

Issei: well fine, but i'm eating your cake.
>>
No. 829662 ID: 8a947d
File 150509342269.png - (166.22KB , 1212x826 , Troy 3.png )
829662

You can't keep still for too long, you get jittery all the time if you do...
>>
No. 829663 ID: 8a947d
File 150509347890.png - (181.05KB , 1212x826 , Troy 4.png )
829663

And the cigarettes may be a factor in that but really you just need something to do, hell you're kinda glad Gya attacked you on that boat just so it wasn't so boring...
>>
No. 829664 ID: 8a947d
File 150509353228.png - (157.59KB , 1212x826 , Troy 5.png )
829664

Normally you'd carve little wooden figures in your spare time but you don't have any wood on hand and-

Jeez it got cold all of a sudden...
>>
No. 829666 ID: a633c6

You can be very introspective at times. Or maybe you have a habit of watching your feet when you walk. Anyway the point I'm trying to make is the planet's gone missing and you may want to look into it.
>>
No. 829669 ID: 91ee5f

>>829661
Ok, thanks for letting us know!

>>829664
Look around, make sure someone didn't just attack you with a crazy power the moment you stepped away from the others!

>Jeez it got cold all of a sudden...
Unless.....hey Troy, does this usually happen when Freitast is trying to talk to you? Because if it is, then I think Freitast is trying to tell you something and you'd better listen to what she's gotta say!
>>
No. 829682 ID: 8a947d
File 150509571413.png - (40.81KB , 1212x826 , Troy 6.png )
829682

Oh what the fuck ? she hasn't done this since you first met her, what could this be for ? Well in any case you can't talk to her if you don't know where she is...
>>
No. 829685 ID: a633c6

Call out for her or look up.
>>
No. 829688 ID: 3abd97

>>829682
Hey, partner? What's up?
>>
No. 829689 ID: 8a947d
File 150509647853.png - (165.35KB , 1212x826 , Troy 7.png )
829689

Freitast: ❄︎☼︎⚐︎✡︎✏︎

Freitast forms out of the darkness of the black sky shouting at you

Freitast: ✋︎ ♍︎♋︎■︎🕯︎⧫︎ ♌︎♏︎●︎♓︎♏︎❖︎♏︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎ ♎︎♏︎♍︎♓︎♎︎♏︎♎︎ ⧫︎□︎ ♌︎❒︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ⧫︎♒︎♋︎⧫︎ □︎⧫︎♒︎♏︎❒︎ ◻︎❒︎□︎◻︎♒︎♏︎⧫︎ ⬥︎♓︎⧫︎♒︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎📪︎ ♒︎♏︎❒︎♏︎ ♑︎□︎♎︎ ♓︎⬧︎ ♋︎ ♌︎❒︎♋︎⧫︎.

You: What are ya jealous ? Besides I had to bring her, she could be useful later on.

Freitast: ✋︎⧫︎ ♓︎⬧︎ ♌︎♋︎♎︎ ♏︎■︎□︎◆︎♑︎♒︎ ✋︎ ♒︎♋︎❖︎♏︎ ⧫︎□︎ ♌︎♏︎ ♎︎❒︎♋︎♑︎♑︎♏︎♎︎ ♋︎●︎□︎■︎♑︎ □︎■︎ ⧫︎♒︎♓︎⬧︎ ⬧︎◆︎♓︎♍︎♓︎♎︎♏︎ ❍︎♓︎⬧︎⬧︎♓︎□︎■︎📪︎ ♋︎⧫︎ ●︎♏︎♋︎⬧︎⧫︎ ⬥︎♒︎♏︎■︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎ ⬥︎♏︎❒︎♏︎ ♌︎♏︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ♋︎ ♍︎❒︎□︎□︎&︎ ♓︎■︎ ✋︎⧫︎⬧︎♎︎♓︎■︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎ ⬥︎♏︎❒︎♏︎ ❒︎♓︎⬧︎&︎♓︎■︎♑︎ □︎◆︎❒︎ ●︎♓︎❖︎♏︎⬧︎.

You: Jeez, did ya bring me here to tell me somethin' or just shout at me ? I expected this to be important after all.

Freitast: ❄︎❒︎□︎⍓︎ ✋︎ ⧫︎♏︎●︎●︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎ ⧫︎♒︎♓︎⬧︎ ■︎□︎⧫︎ ♌︎♏︎♍︎♋︎◆︎⬧︎♏︎ ✋︎ ♍︎♋︎❒︎♏︎ ♋︎♌︎□︎◆︎⧫︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎❒︎ ⬥︎♏︎●︎●︎ ♌︎♏︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ♌︎◆︎⧫︎ ♌︎♏︎♍︎♋︎◆︎⬧︎♏︎ ♓︎♐︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎🕯︎❒︎♏︎ ⧫︎□︎ ♎︎♓︎♏︎ ✋︎ ⬧︎♒︎♋︎●︎●︎ ⧫︎□︎□︎📪︎ ⬧︎□︎ ●︎♓︎⬧︎⧫︎♏︎■︎ ⬥︎♏︎●︎●︎. ✡︎□︎◆︎ ♋︎■︎♎︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎🕯︎❒︎♏︎ ●︎♓︎⧫︎⧫︎●︎♏︎ ♑︎♋︎♑︎♑︎●︎♏︎ □︎♐︎ ♐︎❒︎♓︎♏︎■︎♎︎⬧︎ ♋︎❒︎♏︎ ♑︎♏︎⧫︎⧫︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ♍︎●︎□︎⬧︎♏︎❒︎ ♋︎■︎♎︎ ♍︎●︎□︎⬧︎♏︎❒︎ ⧫︎□︎ ⬧︎□︎❍︎♏︎⧫︎♒︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ❍︎◆︎♍︎♒︎ ♌︎♓︎♑︎♑︎♏︎❒︎ ⧫︎♒︎♋︎■︎ ♋︎■︎⍓︎ □︎♐︎ ◆︎⬧︎📪︎ ♏︎❖︎♏︎■︎ ❄︎♒︎♏︎ 🏱︎♋︎■︎⧫︎♒︎♏︎□︎■︎. ✋︎ ♐︎♏︎♏︎●︎ ♓︎⧫︎.

Freitast: ✡︎□︎◆︎🕯︎❒︎♏︎ ⬧︎⧫︎♋︎■︎♎︎♓︎■︎♑︎ □︎■︎ ♋︎ ❒︎♋︎♓︎■︎ ⬧︎●︎♓︎♍︎&︎♏︎♎︎ ◻︎❒︎♏︎♍︎♓︎◻︎♓︎♍︎♏︎ □︎❖︎♏︎❒︎ ●︎□︎□︎&︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ♋︎ ◻︎♓︎⧫︎ □︎♐︎ ■︎□︎⧫︎♒︎♓︎■︎♑︎■︎♏︎⬧︎⬧︎. ❄︎♒︎♏︎❒︎♏︎ ♓︎⬧︎ ♋︎ ⬥︎♋︎⍓︎ ⧫︎□︎ ♍︎❒︎□︎⬧︎⬧︎📪︎ ♌︎◆︎⧫︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎❒︎ ❍︎□︎❒︎⧫︎♋︎●︎ ❍︎♓︎■︎♎︎ ⬥︎♓︎●︎●︎ ❍︎□︎⬧︎⧫︎ ●︎♓︎&︎♏︎●︎⍓︎ ■︎□︎⧫︎ ♌︎♏︎ ♋︎♌︎●︎♏︎ ⧫︎□︎ ♐︎♓︎■︎♎︎ ♌︎♏︎♐︎□︎❒︎♏︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎❒︎ ♐︎♋︎●︎●︎. 👌︎♏︎ ♍︎♋︎❒︎♏︎♐︎◆︎●︎ ⧫︎❒︎□︎⍓︎📪︎ ■︎□︎⧫︎ ♐︎□︎❒︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎❒︎ ⬧︎♋︎&︎♏︎ ♌︎◆︎⧫︎ ♐︎□︎❒︎ ❍︎♓︎■︎♏︎

You: Fine mom, You keep telling me to be careful but I know what I'm doing. I'm not the one forced to cling to someone else's life.

The darkness begins to fade and city blocks start to come back into view, do you need to say anything to Freitast before you leave.
>>
No. 829691 ID: 891bfa

>>829689
She needs a hug.
>>
No. 829694 ID: 3abd97

You had any run ins with Gya back before you guys fell out of favor? Any advice dealing with her?
>>
No. 829696 ID: 13fded

Ask her what she want.
I get that she is worried and frustrated by the constant danger you put yourself in and rightly dislike the proximity to Gya, but that still is too little to understand what kind of person she is and what should you've been seeking as her prophet.
>>
No. 829699 ID: 91ee5f

>>829682
When she does this I'm assuming that it's all taking place in your mind, right?

Well what happens to your body? Do you just fall flat on your face? Are you still walking and your about to run into something? Do you just stop and stand in place while staring off into space? Or does something else happen?

And in any of these situations, you better hope nobody is currently stealing stuff outta your pockets while you're unable to pay attention!

>>829689
>Freitast speaks.
Uhhh.....I've got no idea what she said.

But, based off of Troy's responses to her, I think she said something about Uma and telling Troy to being careful.

I've got no idea what the rest of that is supposed to mean though.

>I'm not the one forced to cling to someone else's life.
Geez, I get that it's your body, but you don't have to be a dick to her. It probably hurts every time you remind her that she's more or less your prisoner!

>The darkness begins to fade and city blocks start to come back into view, do you need to say anything to Freitast before you leave.
I don't know, ask if she wants something? Besides the obvious answer of not being stuck in your body anymore.

Maybe she'd like a hug or something?
>>
No. 829700 ID: 486e87

Translated it as best I could, it's in wingdings. Didn't have time to do it past the first two lines though.

TROY!

I can't believe you decided to bring that other prophet with you, here god is a grat (I'm a bit uncertain as it what it means after the comma/mailbox symbol).
>>
No. 829702 ID: 13fded

https://lingojam.com/wingdingstranslator
>>
No. 829703 ID: 094652

>>829689
...👌︎♓︎⧫︎♍︎♒︎.

💧︎□︎ ⬥︎♏︎🕯︎❒︎♏︎ ⬧︎♍︎❒︎♏︎⬥︎♏︎♎︎. 💧︎♏︎❒︎♓︎□︎◆︎⬧︎●︎⍓︎📪︎ ⬥︎♒︎♋︎⧫︎ ♓︎⬧︎ ■︎♏︎⬥︎✍︎ ✋︎⬧︎ ⧫︎♒︎♏︎❒︎♏︎ ⬧︎□︎❍︎♏︎⧫︎♒︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ✋︎🕯︎❍︎ ♓︎♑︎■︎□︎❒︎♓︎■︎♑︎ □︎❒︎ ■︎□︎⧫︎ ⬧︎♏︎♏︎♓︎■︎♑︎✍︎ ❄︎♏︎●︎●︎ ❍︎♏︎ ⬧︎□︎ ✋︎ ♍︎♋︎■︎ ♐︎♓︎♑︎◆︎❒︎♏︎ ♓︎⧫︎ □︎◆︎⧫︎📪︎ ♌︎◆︎⧫︎ ♎︎□︎■︎🕯︎⧫︎ ♏︎⌧︎◻︎♏︎♍︎⧫︎ ❍︎♏︎ ⧫︎□︎ ♑︎●︎♏︎♋︎■︎ ⧫︎♒︎♏︎ ♓︎■︎■︎♏︎❒︎ ⬥︎□︎❒︎&︎♓︎■︎♑︎⬧︎ □︎♐︎ ♎︎♓︎❖︎♓︎■︎♏︎ ❑︎◆︎♋︎■︎⧫︎◆︎❍︎ ❍︎♏︎♍︎♒︎♋︎■︎♓︎♍︎⬧︎ ♐︎❒︎□︎❍︎ ✂︎⍓︎□︎◆︎🕯︎❒︎♏︎ ♓︎■︎ ♑︎❒︎♋︎❖︎♏︎ ♎︎♋︎■︎♑︎♏︎❒︎📪︎ ◻︎❒︎□︎⧫︎♏︎♍︎⧫︎ ❍︎♏︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎ ❍︎□︎❒︎□︎■︎✂︎.

She's talking in Wingdings; look for a translator online.
>>
No. 829705 ID: 486e87

Oh, apparently there's utilities for it now, darn it. I spent 20 minutes doing those two lines character by character in word.
>>
No. 829707 ID: 3ce125

>>829689
Translating...

"TROY!"
"I can't believe you decided to bring that other prophet with you, here(sic) god is a brat."
"It is bad enough I have to be dragged along on this suicide mission, at least when you were being a crook in Itsdin you were(n't?) risking our lives."
"Troy I tell you this not because I care about your well being but because if you're to die I shall too. so listen well. You and you're(sic) little gaggle of friends are getting closer and closer to something much bigger than any of us. even The Pantheon. I feel it."
"You're standing on a rain slicked precipice over looking a pit of nothingness. There is a way to cross, but your mortal mind will most likely not be able to find (it?) before your(sic) fall. Be careful troy, not for your sake but for mine."
windings is annoying.

Yeah ask her what could be bigger than literally all of the gods.
>>
No. 829708 ID: a633c6

We've already saved that town from the wandering eldritch cube thing, I think we'll be fine.
>>
No. 829710 ID: 91ee5f

>>829708
To be fair, the eldritch cube thing did that on accident.

If it were actually trying to do that on purpose, I'm sure we'd all be dead and/or under it's control by now!
>>
No. 829731 ID: 8a947d
File 150510297880.png - (174.45KB , 1212x826 , Troy 8.png )
829731

You: So your big message is that I'm screwed ? What else is new ? Where've you been for the past few weeks ?

Freitast: 💧︎♋︎❍︎♏︎ ◻︎●︎♋︎♍︎♏︎ ✋︎🕯︎❖︎♏︎ ♋︎●︎⬥︎♋︎⍓︎⬧︎ ♌︎♏︎♏︎■︎📪︎ ⬧︎⧫︎◆︎♍︎&︎ ⬥︎♓︎⧫︎♒︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎ ♌︎♏︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ♎︎❒︎♋︎♑︎♑︎♏︎♎︎ ♋︎❒︎□︎◆︎■︎♎︎ ♓︎■︎⧫︎□︎ ❍︎□︎❒︎♏︎ ♋︎■︎♎︎ ❍︎□︎❒︎♏︎ ⬧︎⧫︎◆︎◻︎♓︎♎︎ ◻︎●︎♋︎■︎⬧︎.

Freitast: ...☹︎♓︎⬧︎⧫︎♏︎■︎ ❄︎❒︎□︎⍓︎📪︎ ✋︎🕯︎❖︎♏︎ ♑︎□︎■︎♏︎ ♐︎❒︎□︎❍︎ ♌︎♏︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ♋︎■︎ ♋︎●︎●︎ ◻︎□︎⬥︎♏︎❒︎♐︎◆︎●︎ ♌︎♏︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ♋︎♌︎□︎❖︎♏︎ ⧫︎♒︎♏︎ ●︎♓︎&︎♏︎⬧︎ □︎♐︎ ⧫︎♒︎♏︎ ◻︎♒︎⍓︎⬧︎♓︎♍︎♋︎●︎ ⬥︎□︎❒︎●︎♎︎ ⧫︎□︎ ♌︎♏︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ♋︎ ◻︎♋︎❒︎♋︎⬧︎♓︎⧫︎♏︎ ♌︎♏︎●︎□︎⬥︎ ♑︎□︎♎︎⬧︎ ⧫︎♒︎♋︎⧫︎ ♒︎♋︎❖︎♏︎ ⬧︎⧫︎□︎●︎♏︎■︎ ⬥︎♒︎♋︎⧫︎ ⬥︎♋︎⬧︎ ❒︎♓︎♑︎♒︎⧫︎♐︎◆︎●︎●︎⍓︎ ❍︎♓︎■︎♏︎. ✋︎🕯︎❍︎ ⬧︎□︎❒︎❒︎⍓︎ ♓︎♐︎ ✋︎ ♋︎❍︎ ♌︎♏︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ♋︎ ●︎♓︎⧫︎⧫︎●︎♏︎ ♍︎❒︎♋︎⬧︎⬧︎📪︎ ♌︎◆︎⧫︎ ✋︎🕯︎❍︎ ⬧︎⧫︎♓︎●︎●︎ ♒︎♋︎❖︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ♋︎ ♒︎♋︎❒︎♎︎ ⧫︎♓︎❍︎♏︎ ♎︎♏︎♋︎●︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ⬥︎♓︎⧫︎♒︎ ❍︎□︎❒︎⧫︎♋︎●︎♓︎⧫︎⍓︎.

Freitast:👌︎♏︎⬧︎♓︎♎︎♏︎⬧︎📪︎ ⧫︎♒︎♏︎ ♍︎●︎□︎⬧︎♏︎❒︎ ⬥︎♏︎ ♑︎♏︎⧫︎ ⧫︎□︎ ⧫︎♒︎♓︎⬧︎...⧫︎♒︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ⧫︎♒︎♏︎ ❍︎□︎❒︎♏︎ ♎︎♋︎■︎♑︎♏︎❒︎ ✋︎ ♐︎♏︎♏︎●︎. ❄︎♒︎♋︎⧫︎ ☼︎□︎●︎♋︎■︎♎︎ ♍︎♒︎♋︎❒︎♋︎♍︎⧫︎♏︎❒︎ ♓︎⬧︎ ●︎♏︎♋︎♎︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎ ♓︎■︎⧫︎□︎ ♑︎❒︎♏︎♋︎⧫︎♏︎❒︎ ♎︎♋︎■︎♑︎♏︎❒︎ ■︎□︎ ❍︎♋︎⧫︎⧫︎♏︎❒︎ ♒︎□︎⬥︎ ■︎□︎♌︎●︎♏︎ ♒︎♓︎⬧︎ ♍︎♋︎◆︎⬧︎♏︎ ♓︎⬧︎. 👎︎□︎ ⬥︎♒︎♋︎⧫︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎ ⬥︎♓︎⬧︎♒︎ ♌︎◆︎⧫︎ ◻︎●︎♏︎♋︎⬧︎♏︎📪︎ ♎︎□︎ ⧫︎❒︎⍓︎ ⧫︎□︎ &︎♏︎♏︎◻︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎❒︎⬧︎♏︎●︎♐︎ ♋︎●︎♓︎❖︎♏︎...

You: Don't you mean try to keep US alive ?

Freitast:❄︎♒︎♋︎⧫︎🕯︎⬧︎ ■︎□︎⧫︎ ⬥︎♒︎♋︎⧫︎ ✋︎📫︎

You: Awww Shucks you're worried about me aren't ya ? Everything'll be fine, so far Gallows knows what he's doing and if he does anything stupid I'll be smart enough to know what to do.

You: Y'know what you need ? A hug! C'mon, bring it in.

Freitast puts her hand to your face stopping you from getting any closer before the real world bleeds back into view. Well guess you gotta be more careful from now on or else Freitast'll blow a fuse. You got kicked out before you could ask anything else, what could be more dangerous than all of the gods ?
>>
No. 829734 ID: 3ce125

>>829731
There's someone behind you. Act nonchalant, you're just some random dude having a smoke.
>>
No. 829736 ID: 830fb7

Looks like Roland or issei due to the shape but I'm more inclined to say Roland due to the size
>>
No. 829737 ID: 3ce125

>>829736
Personally I'm betting it's the bandaged priest.
>>
No. 829738 ID: 91ee5f

>>829731
>Well guess you gotta be more careful from now on or else Freitast'll blow a fuse.
I'm sure if one of you made an effort to be nice to each other, you'll both actually end up enjoying each other's company instead of nagging each other. Who knows? She might actually end up starting to care about you for your safety instead of her own safety! Or even better, she'll offer to give you a hug and actually be sincere about it!

.....although if you can somehow give her some followers to start worshiping her, she'll probably end up giving you a kiss on the cheek or something!

Hey, weren't you in an alley when she talked to you? Where are you now?

>Silhouette behind you.
Who's that behind you?
>>
No. 829739 ID: 91ee5f

>>829737
If it is, then hopefully Troy is smart enough to tell that it's not Roland and not give the Priest an opportunity to pull the, "Yes, I'm that person you said I am." act!

Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll have something obvious like he's got both of his eyes or he's covering the wrong eye or something like that?
>>
No. 829747 ID: a633c6

Turn around and say hey buddy, and if it's not Gallows ask him if he knows anywhere good to eat.
>>
No. 829760 ID: 3583d1

>>829731
The priest in the shadows behind you for one?
>>
No. 829904 ID: 8a947d
File 150517028494.png - (156.29KB , 1212x826 , Troy 9.png )
829904

Who ?...Is that Gallows ? Must be, who else would be walking around wrapped up like that ?

You: Hey Gallows! Did ya find anythin' about-
>>
No. 829906 ID: 8a947d
File 150517054129.png - (227.45KB , 1212x826 , Troy 10.png )
829906

You: -Castle...?

???: Huh ? What are you asking me ?

That's definitely not Gallows.
>>
No. 829908 ID: 51058c

Shit... Alright Troy play it cool.

"Ah, my apologies father, I mistook you for a friend of mine."
>>
No. 829909 ID: 3abd97

Huh, sorry, you dress like a friend of mine. Didn't realize the mummy look was a trend.
>>
No. 829910 ID: 486e87

>>829908
This, be cool Troy, bluff your way out of this.
>>
No. 829911 ID: a633c6

uh do you know anywhere to eat around here?
>>
No. 829912 ID: 91ee5f

>>829906
Uh oh, a Priest!

Don't panic and don't attack him! You're by yourself, so he can easily take you out!

Just relax and let your Good Liar Trait get you outta this!
>>
No. 829916 ID: 8a947d
File 150517287753.png - (159.74KB , 1212x826 , Troy 11.png )
829916

You: Jeez, sorry sir you look a lot like my friend from behind.

???: I look like somebody you know who also happens to be wrapped in bandages ? Didn't think it was that popular a look.

???: What did you ask me just now ?

You: Nothin' it was just somethin' I wanted to tell my friend...

The priest stares you up and down before shrugging and walking off.

???: Hope you find your friend man, be safe.

The priest shambles off the way he came, great now you know there priests in this city and Gallows is alone in the middle of it. What should you do now ?
>>
No. 829918 ID: 11c9ff

Head back and get the rest of the squad together. Ask Uma to take you to where she and Gallows went on their outing about town, maybe you can retrace their steps and pick up the trail.
>>
No. 829919 ID: 3ce125

>>829916
Well that was a close one. Awfully friendly for a Priest, as well.

Get out of earshot and use your walkie-talkie to warn Gallows.
>>
No. 829924 ID: 13fded

>>829919
He left his in the hotel room.

Regroup and recover your walkie-talkie.
>>
No. 829928 ID: 91ee5f

>>829916
2/2? Did we miss an update or was that a mistake?

>What should you do now?
Regroup with Issei and Uma, then go to your room at the hotel and get your walkie-talkie to contact Gallows! You've gotta warn him that there's a Priest that's trying to steal his mummy look! It's a fashion emergency! Oh and the Priest might possibly kill him if he's not careful.

Also, look over your shoulder every once and a while to make sure that Priest isn't following you from a distance.

>>829918
>Ask Uma to take you to where she and Gallows went on their outing about town
All 4 of them stuck together during the shopping trip, so Troy already knows where Gallows split off from them.
>>
No. 829944 ID: 8a947d
File 150517747814.png - (214.45KB , 1212x826 , Troy 12.png )
829944

>>829928
Accident

Regrouping and retrieving your walkie-talkie from your hotel room seems like the best course of action. That priests is walking back the way you came from, you don't want to draw any suspicion from him so you decide to go around another way to get around him.

There's no real short way back aside from the path the priest is also taking, instead you have to cut through what looks like the factory district to get back to your grou-SHIT!
>>
No. 829945 ID: 8a947d
File 150517754835.png - (120.22KB , 970x752 , Troy 13.png )
829945

Fuck! Who leaves a pool ball all the way out here ?
>>
No. 829948 ID: 51058c

Troy I think you should get away from it, the last priest had a die as his totem, this could be a similar one. Game oriented totems... interesting.
>>
No. 829950 ID: 91ee5f

>>829945
No one normal, that's who!

Is this the direction the Priest came from? Because if it is, then I think the Priest left that there!

So get the fuck away from that thing! There's no telling what the Priest is gonna make it do and you shouldn't stick around to find out!

It's probably related to his power, so until you know what it is and how to deactivate it, I recommend you remember this location where you found it and don't mess with it!

But still, just your fucking luck, another fucking Priest who's power has something to do with games! What's this one do, go around turning people into pool balls because he's trying to get a whole set?! .....yeah, you were turned into a fucking playing card, there's no way in hell you're gonna let yourself get turned into a fucking pool ball!

Anyways, just leave it there and get going to Uma and Issei before they make the same mistake you did and think that Priest is Gallows! And watch your step this time!
>>
No. 829956 ID: 3ce125

Move the ball out of the road so nobody else trips on it.
>>
No. 829957 ID: 65dabf

I suggest to make haste, Troy did let his tongue run a litle, giving names, and that migth came back to bite our ass later.
>>
No. 829971 ID: 8a947d
File 150518290609.png - (21.22KB , 1212x826 , Troy 14.png )
829971

You don't have time to think about it right now, you need to get your walkie-talkie back! You pick yourself up and continue into the factory district ignoring the pool ball.

A lot of the factories are shut down for the day, the entire area is completely quiet save for the chirping of birds.
>>
No. 829972 ID: 8a947d
File 150518294495.png - (59.69KB , 1212x826 , Troy 15.png )
829972

The place is-OW!
>>
No. 829973 ID: 8a947d
File 150518311610.png - (98.31KB , 1212x826 , Troy 16.png )
829973

What the hell? Someone threw something at you, its...another pool ball. Goddammit, You turn around and check where the ball came from, there's no one behind you. That priest from before must be following you now. and he's throwing shit at you too, dammit whats with these pool balls ?
>>
No. 829974 ID: 3ce125

...it's a countdown. You're marked for death. Pick the ball up this time. See if it turns to a 3 and hits you or something. Too bad you don't have any abilities that could get you out of this. Time to take a fall again and let Gallows rescue you!

Have you seen anyone else since the Priest? Maybe it would be a better idea to head back that direction since he's already got it in for you and it would be a faster route. Or maybe you should find a location where the pool balls can't get to you. I expect they need to physically touch you to count down towards death or whatever your fate is.
>>
No. 829975 ID: a633c6

Toss that bitch into the nearest storm drain.
>>
No. 829976 ID: b0f04f

rolled 20 + 6 = 26

Keep headed back, protect you head. Also, let's make a perception check to see if we can watch for where these balls are going to come from.
>>
No. 829980 ID: 91ee5f

>>829973
Fuck! It's a countdown!

The last pool ball had a 5 on it and this one has a 4 on it!

Troy, don't let yourself be the first one turned into something again! If you're the first one to get turned into something again, then Gallows was right about you! You really are the comic relief!

I guess the only thing you can do is run like your life fucking depends on it because it probably does depend on it right now!
>>
No. 829981 ID: 91ee5f

>>829976
You know what the difference is between Roland's perception and Troy's perception?

Troy can actually get crits with his perception rolls!

So, congratulations buddy, you just got a crit!
>>
No. 829990 ID: 65dabf

DONT panic, be calm, i'm not sure if it´s a cooldown, but probably afects you only if you touch it, that's my guess.
>>
No. 830009 ID: 8a947d
File 150519377346.png - (93.35KB , 1212x826 , Troy 17.png )
830009

>rolled 20 + 6 = 26
CRITICAL

You stay calm and watch for anything suspicious, you don't see anything odd but you do hear it...It sounds like something clacking off of multiple surfaces, walls, poles, and it sounds like it's getting closer!
>>
No. 830012 ID: 8a947d
File 150519394514.png - (255.54KB , 1212x826 , Troy 18.png )
830012

You duck instinctively once the sounds start to get louder. From the alley of the building across the street from you another ball shoots out of the darkness and embeds itself in the wooden building behind you. If you hadn't of listened for that it could seriously hurt you.

Whoever's attacking you isn't doing it from a singular direction.
>>
No. 830016 ID: a633c6

Get indoors- any doors. Apparently you've got to worry about maybe two more balls before you can go somewhere else.
>>
No. 830018 ID: 3ce125

Right, as the balls get lower in number they get more destructive. The first one was mostly harmless, the second one hurt a bit, the third one would really hurt, the fourth would likely be fatal and the last one would likely go straight through solid walls. Thankfully you have a defense- black ice. Use it to block the next ball!

Immediately duck out of sight and use Black Ice to encase yourself in an extremely thick layer of it. As thick as you can manage, and keep making it thicker until the balls stop coming.
Don't forget air holes.
>>
No. 830020 ID: cbc576

>>830018
I think it might be best to save black ice for the last ball - no idea if the priest can control the timing.
>>
No. 830021 ID: 91ee5f

>>830012
It's the number 3! I told you it's a count down!

>embeds itself in the wooden building behind you.
Shit! If that hit you, it woulda killed you!

As the number counts down, the attacks are coming harder! Which means you've really gotta watch out for numbers 2 and 1! Would the cue ball count as 0? Because if it does, then you've really gotta watch out for that one!

>Whoever's attacking you isn't doing it from a singular direction.
Oh, of course! This guy is literally playing pool right now and is trying to hit you with his bankshots!

You've gotta get outta the alleys, there's too many angles for him to use! Get into a wide open space with less angles! Hell, if this guy isn't an asshole like the last Priest, then if you go somewhere crowded, he won't risk hitting someone else!

Run!
>>
No. 830023 ID: 91ee5f

>>830016
No, don't go indoors! That's just giving him more angles to work with!

He needs to go somewhere where there's less angles to bank a shot off of! Like wide open spaces!
>>
No. 830028 ID: 3583d1

>>830023
Like a stadium?
>>
No. 830030 ID: 13fded

The more surfaces they do the trickier become the shot.
We need cover, preferable from multiple irregular shapes like trees. Is there a park nearby?
>>
No. 830032 ID: 91ee5f

Actually, if the shots are coming in harder, then he's more likely going to start trying to make straight shots! Because if he keeps going harder, then he's just going to break things instead of banking the balls off of them!
>>
No. 830033 ID: 8d4593

rolled 4 + 6 = 10

each successive ball seems to hit harder.
The two will likely cause serious injury even if it hits a non vital. I posit the one will be a literal cannon ball and explode into shrapnel if it misses.

Run somewhere Open or Crowded.
Rolling Perception
>>
No. 830034 ID: 3ce125

Uh guys, do keep in mind they're increasing in speed? If Troy gets to a wide open area it's actually going to be more difficult to dodge them because he won't be able to hear them if they're not bouncing off anything, and they will probably be able to get at him from any direction so he can't just use his eyes. Also they're going to be harder and harder to dodge as they get faster and more destructive. Troy needs to think like a prophet, not a powerless goon.

As far as I know there is no limit to how much Black Ice he can create, and it is an incredibly hard material. Troy needs to start making it immediately so he can make as thick a shell as possible. Running off somewhere just means he won't be able to make as much of it for defense when the 1 and cue balls arrive.
>>
No. 830036 ID: 8a947d
File 150519921671.png - (337.10KB , 1212x826 , Troy 19.png )
830036

Getting to a wide open space has it's disadvantages as well ,for example :inability to detect the balls via sound. At the same time however going inside means there are more places for the balls to bank off of. For now though if you start running the ball will most likely catch up to you. Running makes you a target, the priest must be watching you from somewhere but you're not sure where. Maybe trying to break eye contact with him will work, he won't be as accurate if he can't see you.

You dive through an open window into the building in front of you.
>>
No. 830037 ID: 8a947d
File 150519935672.png - (109.90KB , 1212x826 , Troy 20.png )
830037

You hide behind a row of metal shelves carrying iron boxes. The ball won't be able to get through both of those, and if it bounces around you'll make a wall of black ice to block it...

...

there are very faint sounds of the ball clacking around outside...it's not aiming for the window ?
>>
No. 830038 ID: 8a947d
File 150519948961.png - (265.30KB , 1212x826 , Troy 21.png )
830038

The ball comes flying through the back wall. The IRON back wall with lord knows how many back rooms and narrowly misses your head. Now that the second balls been shot you'll probably have a little time to relocate yourself. Because you're sure as hell not staying here!

But can you really make it to somewhere better fast enough ? There's no telling when the next one will come...
>>
No. 830040 ID: 094652

Doesn't take a genius to guess which numbered ball he'll shoot at you next. What happens when he hits you with the cue ball? You don't want to stick around to find out.

Meatshield time! Kidnap some innocent civilians and strap their fragile heads around your entire body. My guess is, if he kills too many non-targets he 'loses' and gets turned into a cue ball himself. So just strap in some children and get Gallows to warp you out of this nightmare.
>>
No. 830044 ID: 91ee5f

>>830038
>The ball comes flying through the back wall. The IRON back wall with lord knows how many back rooms
Yep, I knew it! I fucking called it!

They're coming in so fast and hard now, that he can't bank them off things because he'll break things instead! So he's trying to make straight shots, right through whatever obstacle is in the way!

>narrowly misses your head.
However, he's made himself predictable! Shots 4 through 2 have always been aimed at your head! Meaning that as soon as you hear the ball coming, move your head!

>Next shot.
Be prepared for 2 extra shots, just in case he has a ball for the number 0! Which in all honesty, is probably the cue ball.

>>830040
No, bad Kome! Don't make me get the spray bottle!
>>
No. 830046 ID: 13fded

rolled 18 + 6 = 24

This hearing strategy is the best option you got. Keep moving inside buildings.
The alternative is to barricade yourself with ice. The problem is that after preventing one shot the priest would find a way around the issue before shooting again.
>>
No. 830048 ID: 3ce125

>>830038
>misses
You didn't dodge it? Then I'm guessing even with the ridiculous aim these balls have, they can miss if the shot is tricky enough. This time, find a BASEMENT.

Also make a Black Ice shield before you even hear it coming. Again, time is your friend here since black ice can be charged up to create a large amount of it.
>>
No. 830049 ID: 8d4593

Lets avoid using Ice.
It will tip off the priest that we are indeed a magic user.
This seems more like a test than anything.
>>
No. 830050 ID: 91ee5f

>>830049
I agree, don't use Black Ice!

Don't give away the fact that you're a Prophet!

And Troy? I think he was pretending he didn't heard you say the name "Castle" earlier, in the hopes that you were dumb enough to repeat yourself when he asked what you were saying.

Which means this guy is also looking for Castle! And I'm pretty sure it's not for the same reasons that Gallows is looking for him!
>>
No. 830052 ID: 3ce125

>>830049
>>830050
WHAT

This is literally a life or death situation. The Priest is effectively firing cannonballs at Troy's head. WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THIS IS A TEST? WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THE PRIEST CARES IF HE'S A PROPHET OR NOT?
>>
No. 830053 ID: 91ee5f

>>830052
Unless he can manifest his ice faster than the ball is traveling, he's going to get hit.

And with how much force they're gonna hit with, it'll probably end up shattering anything he puts up and still have enough force left to kill him.
>>
No. 830055 ID: 3ce125

...if he's playing reverse 8 ball with you as the cue ball, then he's not allowed to hit any other balls with the balls he's shooting at you. You could screw up his "game" by intercepting one of his projectiles with one of his older projectiles. Or if you know a pool variant that makes a better match for this situation, use it to your advantage in the same way.
>>
No. 830056 ID: 91ee5f

>>830053
And revealing he's a Prophet gives the Priest even more reason to kill him, since Freitast is a "false god" that the Church doesn't believe in.
>>
No. 830057 ID: 3ce125

>>830053
Uh, duh, use black ice to make a shield before the ball even gets near him? Black ice doesn't melt instantly after it's created, you know. It's more like diamond than ice.

>>830054
So you think Troy should hold back and use no powers at all, just in case the priest is holding back some of his powers? That's a bit foolhardy don't you think?
>>
No. 830058 ID: 673643

Time to build an igloo. I wanted to hold off on the ice to make sure he couldn't throw any curveballs, but this is hopefully the last one and the danger's high now.
>>
No. 830098 ID: 65dabf

You have to do something to make the miss chanse higher, since it seems to be a "skill shot", i don´t think you are going to be able to block the next shot, but maybe you can use your ice to make some walls to help you detect from where the next ball will came, make then far away from you, like a spider web of some sort. I am still worried that the last shot can be redirected mid air, but it may be a bit of a overkill.
>>
No. 830117 ID: 8d4593

rolled 13 + 7 = 20

>>830046
Troy's perception is now 7, so that's a 25.

I suppose we should roll for Agility, too?
>>
No. 830118 ID: 91ee5f

>>830117
>Troy's perception is now 7, so that's a 25.
Uhhh, no it's not?

Troy's Perception is a 6. So that guy's roll is correct.

>I suppose we should roll for Agility, too?
Troy's Agility is a 5 not a 7.

Are you sure you're looking at the correct character's stats?
>>
No. 830128 ID: 8d4593

>>830118
>>/questarch/827026
They both leveled up last thread.
>>
No. 830129 ID: 91ee5f

>>830127
Oh, shit. Yeah, you're right.

I was using the wiki for the stats.

Annnnd after looking again, the wiki just now got updated to show the correct stats for everyone. Sorry about that.
>>
No. 830184 ID: 8a947d
File 150526446088.png - (190.30KB , 1212x826 , Troy 22.png )
830184

You begin to run the through the back of the building, the doors to the other floors are locked and it looks like there are no lower floors or basement. You don't want to stay in the same building in case the ball shots get more accurate. You move to the back alley behind the building, The door to the building in front of you is locked.

You hear another loud clack, you have a feeling this next one won't be stopped by any normal material. You have nowhere to go but back into the building or out into the main street, or you could build walls of black ice to try and stop it.
>>
No. 830186 ID: 69fef8

>>830184
dodging and relocating seems like it's been the most effective move this far, focus on the sounds again to anticipate and dodge
>>
No. 830187 ID: a633c6

Unless he can predict your movement and the ball is already in motion, moving should save you.
>>
No. 830190 ID: 299587

rolled 10 + 7 = 17

Let's make a perception check to see if we can get s sense of where it's coming from then run and dodge and cast black ice to guard us a little. If this is billiards then I have feeling the number 1 ball won't actually be the last one... that goes to black number 8, the last ball to be sunk.
>>
No. 830194 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 11 + 7 = 18

>>830184
>You hear another loud clack
Which way is it coming from?!

Rolling for Perception!
>>
No. 830197 ID: 91ee5f

>>830190
>that goes to black number 8, the last ball to be sunk.
But the numbers are counting down.

I'd think he'd go to number 0, which may or may not be the cue ball.
>>
No. 830199 ID: 299587

>>830197
See I thought that way too at first, but in a game of billiards if you shoot the cue ball and don't hit anything, those shots are called a "scratch" and they don't count and also they make you lose your turn. The last ball to always be sunk in the pockets is the Black 8 ball, and it's the last ball needed to win the game.
>>
No. 830204 ID: 8a947d
File 150526988210.png - (513.47KB , 1212x826 , Troy 23.png )
830204

>rolled 11 + 7 = 18

You listen for more clacking noises but don't hear anything. You're so focused on finding another loud noise that you almost ignore the faint whirring sound. You look up at the sky and see the 1 ball, it curves around in the air as it spins at a high speed. There's no way you can dodge that without getting hit !
>>
No. 830205 ID: 3ce125

>>830199
There are many different games you can play on a pool table with billiards balls. Billiards is just one of them.
>>
No. 830206 ID: 3ce125

>>830204
Then block it with some black ice like I've been saying.
>>
No. 830207 ID: a633c6

You're going to have to bank it using your Black Ice. Not block it completely, just bounce off at a shallow angle into the sky harmlessly.
>>
No. 830209 ID: 91ee5f

>>830206
You've gotta roll for it!

It's a d20 + 6 from his Intelligence!

>>830207
>Shallow angle.
Yeah, that'll work!
>>
No. 830210 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 13 + 6 = 19

>>830209
Fuck! I forgot to roll!

Use Ice Block!
>>
No. 830211 ID: 299587

rolled 2 + 6 = 8

>>830209
Rolling for black ice to bank the shot on a shallow angle... wish me luck...
>>
No. 830212 ID: 299587

>>830211
Fuuuuuuuck...
>>
No. 830213 ID: 91ee5f

>>830210
That's not bad. It could be better.

I hope if someone else rolls they get a higher number, because I don't like how my roll is kinda in the middle!
>>
No. 830214 ID: a633c6

rolled 12 + 6 = 18

>>830209
Right. Rolling for a flyball
>>
No. 830215 ID: 3ce125

rolled 14 + 6 = 20

>>830209
Oh okay.
>>
No. 830216 ID: 8a947d
File 150527171292.png - (233.80KB , 1212x826 , Troy 24.png )
830216

>rolled 13 + 6 = 19

You summon a wall of black Ice to try and deflect the ball, you hear the ice crack as the ball hits it. It didn't deflect it...
>>
No. 830217 ID: 8a947d
File 150527180624.png - (225.74KB , 1212x826 , Troy 25.png )
830217

Those ice shards must be a few feet thick, but the ball still managed to drill it's way through it and almost hit you. The fact that it managed to make it even half way through one of the most indestructible materials in the world is bad news...
>>
No. 830218 ID: 299587

rolled 7 + 7 = 14

>>830217
fffuuuuuuck.... I hope I'm wrong about the 8 ball... perception check to hear anything else incoming.
>>
No. 830219 ID: 094652

rolled 4 + 9 = 13

Okay, you're out of options! Surrender! Parley!
>>
No. 830220 ID: 3ce125

Well just make it thicker next time. Heck, find an empty building and get to the second floor, filling the first floor with black ice and black ice in every direction on the second floor and a ton of black ice on the third floor too. If each successive ball is ten times more energetic than the last, you are going to need a ridiculous amount of it to block it if a cueball comes your way.

I feel like I don't need a roll since you're taking your time making all the black ice.
>>
No. 830221 ID: a633c6

Don't let him hit that thing with another ball, get the hell outta there.
>>
No. 830225 ID: 8a947d
File 150527420518.png - (165.35KB , 1212x826 , Cue Up.png )
830225

???: Damn, normally the third ball ends this.

???: It's been a while since I've had to do this, let's hope there aren't too many people around...
>>
No. 830226 ID: 8a947d
File 150527424806.png - (260.02KB , 1212x826 , Cue Up 2.png )
830226

???: KILLSHOT
>>
No. 830227 ID: 8a947d
File 150527426604.png - (132.63KB , 1138x768 , Cue Up 3.png )
830227

*CLACK*
>>
No. 830231 ID: 8a947d
File 150527435263.png - (235.12KB , 1212x826 , Kill Shot 5.png )
830231

5
>>
No. 830232 ID: 8a947d
File 150527438102.png - (339.09KB , 1212x826 , Kill Shot 4.png )
830232

4
>>
No. 830233 ID: 8a947d
File 150527440178.png - (336.10KB , 1212x826 , Kill Shot 3.png )
830233

3
>>
No. 830234 ID: 8a947d
File 150527442933.png - (246.59KB , 1212x826 , Kill Shot 2.png )
830234

2
>>
No. 830235 ID: 8a947d
File 150527446973.png - (204.19KB , 1212x826 , Kill Shot 1.png )
830235

1
>>
No. 830237 ID: 8a947d
File 150527457027.png - (503.00KB , 1212x826 , Killshot Sinked.png )
830237

???: Oh shit, that's a lot bigger than I thought it'd be.

???: Fuck what if I killed him ? I can't question him then...guess I'll have to check...
>>
No. 830238 ID: 3ce125

Gee I guess you shoulda picked up one of those balls huh Troy?
>>
No. 830239 ID: a633c6

I told you to git gone dammit. If you haven't already you'd better do it quick before the fuzz shows up.
>>
No. 830241 ID: 683000

Damn this guys ability is dope, too bad he is an enemy
>>
No. 830242 ID: 91ee5f

>>830237
Troy's got the 2nd highest Endurance of the team. And with his Prophet Trait, he's got an extra +5 Endurance against magic attacks, which is what I think the explosion is. So he should hopefully be fine, with minimal damage.

Unless that was an explosion of anti-magic or anti-deity stuff, then he'll be in trouble!

.....I'm not entirely sure if we're supposed to make an Endurance roll to see if Troy managed to tough it out or if we're just supposed to wait and see what happened.
>>
No. 830243 ID: 299587

Fuckin' priests...

Damage report?
>>
No. 830244 ID: 891bfa

Gallows should switch the card in his hat again. What do you guys think? Eight of hearts?
>>
No. 830250 ID: 8a947d
File 150527704234.png - (183.73KB , 1212x826 , Snooker 1.png )
830250

???: Is that you in there ?

???: Sorry I took so long to get here, I had to collect my balls on the way here.

???: Why don't you come out so I can ask you a few questions ?

...
>>
No. 830251 ID: 8a947d
File 150527714878.png - (284.22KB , 1212x826 , Snooker 2.png )
830251

...

???: Fine, i'll crack this egg.

Leighton: I am Father Leighton, Priest under Cadzevix, goddess of space.
>>
No. 830252 ID: 8a947d
File 150527716918.png - (138.64KB , 1212x826 , Snooker 3.png )
830252

*SHATTER*
>>
No. 830253 ID: 8a947d
File 150527720126.png - (83.32KB , 1156x686 , Snooker 4.png )
830253

Leighton: Oh ? Well would ya look at that...
>>
No. 830254 ID: 8a947d
File 150527729989.png - (173.36KB , 1212x826 , Snooker 5.png )
830254

Fucking priests. Goddammit everything hurts, you shouldn't have survived that at all and now you're lurking around in the fucking sewers. This whole things gotten way out of hand, you need to get back to the others.
>>
No. 830257 ID: 13fded

Can you orientate yourself from inside a sewer?
Maybe your experience as a smuggler give you a better understanding of sewer structures in relation to the streets and what the pipes look like for different types of districts. Although I doubt you can navigate well in the underground of a city you are not familiar with.
>>
No. 830259 ID: 3ce125

I'd suggest to put caltrops and other boobytraps behind you as you go, but they'll just melt after you get out of range. Better to find an intersection with a nearby alcove, then wall off the path you're not hiding in. He'll break the wall and search down that direction, at which point you can continue down the other path or backtrack to exit the sewers again.
>>
No. 830261 ID: 3ce125

...are there fish down here?
>>
No. 830262 ID: 91ee5f

>>830259
>Better to find an intersection with a nearby alcove, then wall off the path you're not hiding in. He'll break the wall and search down that direction, at which point you can continue down the other path or backtrack to exit the sewers again.
Do this!
>>
No. 830263 ID: 91ee5f

>>830261
Not exactly helpful if Uma isn't here to use them.

And I don't think her power will let her see through the fish's eyes to see that Troy is in trouble.
>>
No. 830264 ID: 3ce125

>>830263
I was thinking once Troy gets back to Uma she could use a giant swarm of fish to overwhelm the Priest. The pool ball power is highly destructive but that final giant explosion killshot requires some set up time so he'll have trouble fighting multiple targets.
>>
No. 830267 ID: 91ee5f

>>830264
She can only have a max of 3 minions, so I'm not sure if that could really be considered a swarm.

But I think we should focus on making sure Troy can get to Uma and Issei, before we try planning on getting any fish for Uma to use.
>>
No. 830274 ID: 3ce125

>>830267
>max of 3 minions
Then we'd have to ambush him with Gallows and get a stun off before he can attack, then steal his stick so he can't use any of his bullshit overpowered nonsense.

Troy might be able to beat him, actually, if he can use Ice Prison in a way that allows him to steal the stick. Again, that requires an ambush.
>>
No. 830293 ID: f9e607

If anything, you need "padding". The pool balls get progressively stronger, but it's obvious that he's using trick shots or he'd be fast enough to shoot a cue ball into your eye socket. Maybe his magic enchants the balls so they accelerate the MORE stuff they bounce off? If so, then you need padding. More padding will make it harder to hear and can absorb a great deal of the force involved if he uses accelerating ricochets.
>>
No. 830412 ID: 8a947d
File 150535828048.png - (111.63KB , 905x695 , Snooker 6.png )
830412

You're not proud to admit it but it's not your first time sneaking around through sewers. Though you're not familiar with the layout you do your best to retrace your steps and find a sewer grate close enough to where you last met
with your group.

>>830261
In a sewer ? No way. There are rivers and things crossing through the town though, Uma might be able to get some fish from there.

You emerge from the sewers smelling disgusting and covered in blood, today's not your day.

Freitast: I can't believe I tell you to be more careful and immediately after you almost get your head blown off by a mad priest.

You:...Freitast ?
>>
No. 830414 ID: 8a947d
File 150535849423.png - (74.23KB , 1212x826 , Snooker 7.png )
830414

Freitast: Behind you stupid, the cat.

You: Oh, why are you a cat ?

Freitast: I can only communicate to you in your mortal tongue if I myself am a mortal to. Dogs cannot meow, cats cannot bark, and gods have a hard time speaking English.

Freitast: The only other way to speak with you is to pull you into the Halfway, that black abyss from before, and we don't have time for that right now, so I possessed this cat to tell how much of a dumbass you are.

You:...and to give me useful advice ?

Freitast: Yeah, that too.
>>
No. 830415 ID: 7107c0

Hey now there's careful and there's paranoid. What the chances of mistaken identities causing murderous plots? I doubt that'd happen twice in a hundred years.
>>
No. 830416 ID: fd306a

Okay, i won't deny that i basically walked up to a priest and declared myself an enemy of the church,
but i'm still alive! That's got to get me some points right?
>>
No. 830419 ID: 3ce125

>>830414
Alright lay it on me.
>>
No. 830426 ID: 91ee5f

>>830414
Well there's no need to be.....catty about it! XD

But seriously, how was I supposed to know that wasn't Gallows?! If I knew he was a Priest, I wouldn't have just walked up to him like that!

Anyways, whatever advice you've got, could you make it quick? I don't think it'll take him long to find me.

Or would you rather I carry you? That way you can talk while I keep moving towards my friends to regroup with them and warn them about the Priest.

Or do you want to just sit on my shoulder and hitch a ride? You'll be closer to my ear, so I can hear you better that way.
>>
No. 830428 ID: 8a947d
File 150536282968.png - (102.76KB , 1154x805 , Snooker 8.png )
830428

You: There's "Careful" and then there's "Paranoid" Frei. I understand I sorta announced how I was an enemy of the church right to a priests face but honestly it was mostly bad luck.

Freitast: Be that as it may you still have a dangerous person after you now, that priest's goddess is Cadzevix. One of the strongest god's in the pantheon. She rules over the domain of space.

You: So...what does space hafta do with billiards ?

Freitast: Not literal space idiot. Space refers to the state of being, all physical things that inhabit the material world falls under the domain of space. By extension she has control over the laws of physics: Mass, Weight, Velocity and such since those apply to the physical.

Freitast: Leightons channeling that ability through his pool balls for some reason.
>>
No. 830429 ID: 3ce125

>>830428
Obviously because that makes them Space Balls.
>>
No. 830430 ID: 91ee5f

>>830428
Hey, if I was a skilled pool player and I suddenly got an ability that let me use those skills to kill people, I'd probably be doing the same thing.

So what you're saying is this guy is gonna be a pain in the ass, right? Since when are Priests ever not a pain in the ass?

We're gonna need some help to take care of this guy. If only I didn't forget my fucking walkie-talkie! Then I could call Gallows and he'd bring some of his Pagan buddies and then we could beat him by outnumbering him!
>>
No. 830432 ID: 094652

rolled 10 + 7 = 17

So we have a pro billiards player who took a degree in physics, and then spent the rest of his life praying to the goddess of physics to exponentiate his skill to the point that it became sniper-precision artillery. Great.

And just how do we combat that? We need a game changer, like time or illusion, but all we have are ice, fire, tentacles, and fish.

We could attempt to make him break the rules, but with his patron goddess bending physics he MAKES the rules. So what's the natural weakness of a billiards player?

Rolling for int to think of something.
>>
No. 830433 ID: a633c6

Alright the way I see it, to deal with these kind of overpowered dbags, you need to hit them with something they never see coming, so they can't defend against it.
>>
No. 830434 ID: 3ce125

Well we know he had to gather his balls after he used them. What if we stole them somehow?
>>
No. 830436 ID: 8a947d
File 150536643566.png - (105.65KB , 1212x826 , Snooker 9.png )
830436

You: Ugghh....So I have to fight someone who can bend the laws of physics ? That's just great.

Freitast: Making a plan is the best course of action here Troy, can you think of anything that can be useful ?

>rolled 10 + 7 = 17

You: Not being alone is a good plan. Meeting up with my friends and thinking up something to do about this is the best I can think of.

You: Also...His power revolves around his pool balls, so maybe if we get rid of those he'll be at a disadvantage ?

Freitast: Do not forget the most important rule, that he has a charm he's using to control his magic.

You: I feel like the pool cue would make the most sense for one, or not. I'm just spit ballin' here. On top of all of this we need to find Gallows too.

You head back to the cafe where, hopefully, your friends are still waiting...
>>
No. 830441 ID: 91ee5f

>>830436
>You head back to the cafe where, hopefully, your friends are still waiting...
If they are, then tell them what's going on while you all head back to the hotel to get your walkie-talkie to call Gallows.

If they're not there, then look around real quick, and if you don't find them in a few minutes, then go to the hotel. They might already be there or you'll meet them on the way there.

.....Troy be honest, how tempted are you to just reach up and start petting Freitast at the risk of being scratched?
>>
No. 830442 ID: 8a947d
File 150536785913.png - (156.68KB , 1212x826 , Snooker 10.png )
830442

You return to the cafe without any further interruptions. Both Uma and Issei are distressed by your bloodied state.

Uma: T-Troy! You're bleeding!

Issei: and you smell like shit.

Uma: Is that a cat ? What happened to you ? W-What's going on now ?
>>
No. 830443 ID: 13fded

The best way to fight someone with long range attacks is to close the distance. He also telegraph the amount of attacks and the progression of power. After his last ball he have to locate and recover his ammunition.
Basic the best chance you had as when he got close to you. I just didn't suggest to attack because you were badly hurt and alone.
>>
No. 830444 ID: 3ce125

>>830442
Tell them you had a run-in with a bandage-covered Priest who is able to control the laws of physics. You all should go back to the hotel right away so you can try to contact Gallows via your walkie-talkie and think up a plan.
>>
No. 830445 ID: 13fded

>>830442
"Pool ball priest is after me. Look out for numbered projectiles incoming. They make sound."
>>
No. 830446 ID: fd306a

Don't stop, keep moving, you can talk on the way.
>>
No. 830449 ID: 91ee5f

>>830442
"Well, I thought I saw Gallows earlier, so I went over to talk to him. But just my luck, it happened to be a Priest that was also wearing a bunch of bandages! And because I thought it was Gallows, I accidentally mentioned Castle's name and that's when the Preist started attacking me with his pool balls!"

"I think we should head back to the hotel, I left my walkie-talkie there by accident. Once we get that, we can call Gallows and tell him about the Priest. Hopefully he'll bring a couple of his Pagan buddies to back us up!"

>Is that a cat?
"Oh yeah. Everyone this is Freitast, the Goddess of Black Ice and my roommate in my body. And no, she's not normally a cat, she just has to possess it in order to speak plain english."
>>
No. 830451 ID: 8a947d
File 150537322478.png - (157.26KB , 1212x826 , Snooker 11.png )
830451

You: Walk and talk we can't stand still!

Issei: okay, but what's going on ?

You: I made a huge fuckin' mistake and now we're bein' hunted by a crazy powerful priest that has control of the laws of physics and channels it through billiards balls.

Uma:...

Issei:...and the cat.

You: Oh yeah Freitast possessed this cat so she could talk to me.

Freitast: Meow. (They cannot understand me, only my prophet may hear what I have to say)

You: Oh really ? Well then just take my word for it you guy's now c'mon we gotta get my walkie from the hotel room so we can contact Gallows!

Uma:...W-wait, I'm confused...
>>
No. 830452 ID: 8a947d
File 150537356530.png - (128.66KB , 1138x809 , Snooker 12.png )
830452

You: Understandable, I kinda dropped a lot of shit on you guys with little time to catch u what don't you get ?

Uma: if this prophet can control the laws of physics then you should be dead.

You: What do you mean ?

Uma: Somebody having one hundred percent control over the laws of physics is insanely strong. The laws of physics include gravity so he could've used that against you too, but he didn't.

Uma: Being able to break the laws of physics is by far the strongest ability any one could have and would ultimately lead to anyone they went up against being destroyed instantly, but you s-survived...

Uma: and that would mean there's some limit to what he can and can't control. H-He wouldn't bother attacking you with his billiards balls if he had control over all laws of physics would he ?
>>
No. 830454 ID: a633c6

I misspoke, he has the domain of 'space' not physics. I have no idea how that lets billiard balls crack black ice, however.
>>
No. 830457 ID: 69fef8

>>830452
Okay, as per Preistly power limitations, he can mess with physics.
He was pretty much completely hidden during his attack so I can't be entirely sure how his mojo works, but it seemed like each subsequent ball he sent at me packed a harder punch than the previous.
>>
No. 830459 ID: 3ce125

>>830452
Yes, generally Priests take on the aspect of their god and apply it to specific things, with requirements or restrictions on how they can use them. We've seen that can cause backlash if they break the rules of their power, possibly because they bargained for more power in return for a that risk. In this case he applies the power to his billiard balls and the strength of the attack depends on what he does with the balls-- he can make a string of shots to reach dizzying heights and the auto-targeting was likely part of the string of shots, but single shots are probably quite limited in power and aim assistance. The initial "attack" in the string was completely harmless and it escalated each time with further balls. No idea what risk he agreed to, if any.

Ask Freitast if you've got that about right-- she's had Priests before, hasn't she? Did they always have to agree to a risk? Did greater restrictions allow them to use greater powers?

Also he wanted to take you alive, so he may have been holding back even with that last big attack.
>>
No. 830460 ID: 91ee5f

>>830452
"Ok, I might've misspoke there. Freitast said he can bend the laws of physics, since he's a Priest under the Goddess of Space."

".....now that I think about it, I think he can only control Velocity, considering how his Billiard Ball attack worked."

"Anyways, we've gotta call Gallows and let him know what's going on."
>>
No. 830461 ID: 3ce125

>>830460
Also the balls themselves are indestructible.
>>
No. 830462 ID: 91ee5f

>>830461
We don't know that. We haven't gotten close enough to kick them yet! XD

Oh, wait, you're still talking about his weapons, aren't you? I was thinking about a different set of balls.

But I don't think the billiard balls are indestructible. I think they're just magically reinforced so that he's not always breaking and replacing them. Unless he makes them explode, like he did with ball number 1 here: >>830237 .
>>
No. 830463 ID: 91ee5f

>>830462
Also, it's a good thing Uma has the 2nd highest Intelligence of our group (with Roland being the highest)! She caught a mistake that we overlooked!
>>
No. 830466 ID: 094652

>>830452
>Why wouldn't he kill you
Because he might want to capture you. You've been to various Pagan bases, any intel the priests gather is worth the hassle of holding back.

>>830461
>>830462
They're near unbreakable because magic is currently @#$%ing physics. A combination of heavy physical and magical factors might make them crack open, though.
>>
No. 830467 ID: 673643

He does trick shots with billiard balls, each one has more force. So it's some sort of momentum control and understanding of how they'll ricochet?

Oh one possible plan once he's going for the kill shot by the way is we move one of the balls after he launches the cue ball. Breaks the sequence.
>>
No. 830473 ID: 830fb7

Say "he could just be showing off Uma, or he could be trying to catch me and interrogate me for information on his real target".
>>
No. 830516 ID: 3ce125

>>830462
I'm fairly sure that ball didn't explode, it just caused an explosion.
>>
No. 830529 ID: 91ee5f

Oh, I almost forgot!

Troy, if you see somebody wearing bandages in your room, don't immediately attack them! It might be Gallows because if he's been trying to contact you this whole time, he might've come looking for you after you haven't been answering his calls for a while!

But if you don't see anyone in the room, then go ahead and call Gallows and let him know what's going on.

After you get in contact with Gallows, make sure you take a shower and change your clothes so that you don't smell terrible anymore!

>>830516
That's a possibility. We don't really know for sure because we obviously weren't gonna stick around to find out!
>>
No. 830533 ID: deec6e

I think one way to fuck with this guy's power is to disrupt the chain of attack before it can build up lethal momentum. The billiard ball is supposed to make its way to you in the end - if it makes it to you early it might disrupt the chain reaction.

Essentially, dodge INTO the bullet before it becomes a bullet! Suffer a little, to avoid suffering a lot... and hopefully take advantage of the opportunity to close in on or land attacks on the guy.
>>
No. 830560 ID: 8d4593

This one has demonstrated a high control of velocity through pool balls.
He can alter direction extremely effectively and without line of sight, most notably through ricochet.
He can fire his balls with incredible speed. If he fires multiple, he can utilize a Killshot later where he ricochets each ball launched off each-other, combining their previous forces into a single massive shot.

He can freely decide whether a ball maintains its velocity through air, whether a ball is subject to gravity, and supposedly whether a ball is indestructible or not.

>>830533
I'm not so keen in the dodging into aspect, maybe if desperate, but capturing and either isolating(Via ice prison or burying) should be effective at disrupting the snooker kill-shot.

Actually, now that I say it, Burying shots could be stupidly effective. We should find a grassy area like a park. Not only will the earth slow the shot, but unless there is some sort of sewer underneath or the park is on a hill, there would be no angle of attack to ricochet the ball.
>>
No. 830604 ID: 3abd97

>>830452
Tell Uma she's brilliant.
>>
No. 830610 ID: 8a947d
File 150544141485.png - (186.28KB , 1077x826 , Snooker 13.png )
830610

You: From what I can tell he's got some sort of control over momentum or velocity ? He can also do this thing where he blows up the balls he shoots, but that takes time to set up.

Uma: W-whatever his ability may be, he only has partial control over the laws of physics. Otherwise he'd be unbeatable even if he wasn't trying to k-kill you.

Freitast: Meow (Maybe bringing this prophet along wasn't your worst idea.)

You walk up to your hotel room and unlock the door.
>>
No. 830611 ID: 8a947d
File 150544148025.png - (104.93KB , 1212x826 , Snooker 15.png )
830611

Inside your hotel room the walkie-talkie is sitting on the nightstand. Jeez if you had just taken it with you to begin with this wouldn't be a problem.
>>
No. 830612 ID: 91ee5f

>>830610
>Freitast sitting on Issei.
Ok, that's adorable.

Has she been a cat before? Because she's very good at acting like a cat.

>>830611
Is that a window? Because if it is, then I've got a terrible feeling that Priest is going to shoot a ball through the window and smash the walkie-talkie before you even grab it!

So I suggest you quickly grab it before that happens and then immediately move away from the window!
>>
No. 830614 ID: 16913c

>>830612
This. Move fast Troy, he may even now be lining up a pot-shot
>>
No. 830622 ID: 8a947d
File 150544541165.png - (121.33KB , 1212x826 , Snooker 16.png )
830622

You grab the walkie-talkie quickly and try to get in contact with Gallows. Is there a plan you want relay to Gallows ? or a place to meet up ?
>>
No. 830623 ID: 891bfa

>>830622
Don't meet up with him. The priest is currently after you. Tell Gallows to set up a trap, then act as bait to lead the priest into it.
>>
No. 830626 ID: 891bfa

>>830622
Also, cover the windows in ice. The priest is probably going to detonate those pool balls on your bed by launching his cue ball at them.
>>
No. 830629 ID: 830fb7

>>830622
billiard balls on bed, the priest has been here.
>>
No. 830631 ID: d36af7

>>830626
Window? It's been established this priest can easily shoot through walls. Just encase the bed in black ice, that's more likely to contain or disrupt the attacker's plan.
>>
No. 830633 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 16 + 6 = 22

>>830622
Shit! Billiard balls on the bed!

Quick, Void Ice Prison on the entire bed to prevent the cue ball from hitting the balls!
>>
No. 830634 ID: 91ee5f

>>830633
Also, move away from the window! Just in case the balls are to psyche you out while he shoots the walkie-talkie outta your hand and breaks it!

And when you call Gallows, which you should be doing while you run, tell him, "I saw a guy wrapped in bandages and thought it was you. Turns out it was a Priest and now he's chasing us because I accidentally let it slip that we were looking for Castle because, again, I thought it was you! He's got power over Velocity or something like that and he uses Billiard Balls as his weapons! Please tell me you've got a bunch of Pagan buddies you can round up to help us!"
>>
No. 830638 ID: 8a947d
File 150544880586.png - (385.86KB , 1212x826 , Open Break.png )
830638

You: Gallow's we gotta problem! Theres-

*CRACK!*

A Cue ball flies through the window and breaks a pyramid of pool balls lying on the bed. You only notice at the last second but can't summon any black ice in time! The pool balls ricochet off of the walls of the hotel room splintering wood and breaking furniture. You act quickly to protect you and your group.

You: Everybody! Get behind me!
>>
No. 830639 ID: 8a947d
File 150544900455.png - (240.53KB , 1212x826 , Open Break 2.png )
830639

Uma and Issei follow suit and get behind you. You summon a sheet of black ice to cover all of you. From inside you can hear the ice break from each strike of the pool balls. The bouncing doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon, and Leighton's probably on his way into the building as you hide.

Issei: SHIT! we're stuck!

Uma: T-that priest I-i-is p-probably on his way up, W-what d-d-do w-we do !?
>>
No. 830640 ID: 891bfa

>>830639
Increase the amount of ice until the weight causes the floor to give out.
>>
No. 830641 ID: 91ee5f

>>830640
That's a good idea, but let's do it a different way!

Tell Issei to smash through the floor!
>>
No. 830642 ID: 91ee5f

>>830641
And Troy, please tell me you didn't drop the walkie-talkie!
>>
No. 830647 ID: 3ce125

Can you Ice Prison the balls so they fall harmlessly to the floor? Or at least gradually stop bouncing since the priest won't be able to control their velocity?
>>
No. 830648 ID: 830fb7

>>830639
black ice tunnel to the door?
>>
No. 830653 ID: 91ee5f

>>830641
Wait, are we up against a wall? It might be easier if Issei breaks through the wall instead of the floor.
>>
No. 830657 ID: 8d4593

Thicken the ice, and see if Freitast can soften it a bit. With any luck the pool balls will get captured in the ice.

Tell gallows where you are and that you need him.
>>
No. 830660 ID: b8df2b

Does Uma have to control her minions or can she let them run off their previous mind?
Because it would probably help either getting to the priest or fighting him if Issei was supercharged like Gya did to him, but I doubt it would be useful if he was a mind-controlled animal like he was before.
>>
No. 830661 ID: 91ee5f

>>830660
I don't think Issei is gonna let her do that, considering what happened last time. Uma's gonna have to earn his trust before he lets her do that to him. Or the situation is gonna have to get way more desperate for him to even consider that as an option.
>>
No. 830662 ID: 91ee5f

>>830661
I also find it very concerning that he set this up in our room before we got here! How the fuck did he know this was our room?!
>>
No. 830671 ID: 3d22f6

It stands to reason there is an issue here. Maybe closer investigation is NEEDED
>>
No. 830673 ID: 8a947d
File 150547152261.png - (300.12KB , 1212x826 , Snooker 17.png )
830673

>>830647
The balls are moving too fast for you to possibly capture in void ice prison.

>>830660
Issei: she's not doing that to me again! not now, not EVER AGAIN.

>>830641
Issei after a few good strikes manages to punch his way through the floor taking all of you with him to the bottom floor, much to the surprise of the receptionist. You try to contact Gallows, but realize that after the attack you had dropped the walkie in your room!
>>
No. 830676 ID: 3ce125

Yeah okay. Part of the reason why this Priest is so dangerous is because he has some way of sensing people from far away in order to launch attacks against them. So he's a pool sniper. However, that sense seems to be limited to line of sight with his balls, because he couldn't tell where you went in the sewers. He knew to break the balls in your room when you entered because the balls were there to see you.

I say we lie in wait to ambush him when he enters the lobby. Or just outside the hotel. We have to take him by surprise to win this. If there's a river or something near the hotel then Uma should gather some fishy minions from it.
>>
No. 830677 ID: 3ce125

Also ask Freitast if anything will happen to her if the cat dies while she's possessing it.
>>
No. 830678 ID: fd306a

Just run! If you run away and make a scene while your at it, word of you should quickly find gallows wherever he is right now.
>>
No. 830680 ID: 3ce125

Actually wait I know how to retrieve the walkie talkie. Get Issei to give you a boost back up into the room and make a second shell of Black Ice connected to the first one, around the walkie talkie. Then dissolve the wall between you and it and just reach through to grab it. Unless it's been broken by the pool balls I guess. If it's broken, then go buy a new one when you have time and switch it to the frequency you were using before.
>>
No. 830693 ID: 91ee5f

>>830673
>after the attack you had dropped the walkie in your room!
MOTHER FUCKER!!!

Let's just assume that it's broken now.

>>830680
>go get a new one.
The only place that could possibly have a walkie-talkie is the Pack Rat, since they sell scavenged goods. It might be in the back of the store, if it's not up front. All we've gotta do is ask and they'll go look.

>switch it to the frequency you were using before.
That's a little tricky. Not many people would pay attention to something like that, so Troy might not remember it.

And if the one in our room isn't broken, then the Priest can use it to listen in on us.....which could actually be helpful in leading him into a trap!

But we'd need to meet up with Gallows in person, so that we can actually set it up!
>>
No. 830721 ID: 8d4593

Since Freitast is here, ask if yall could get some Void Ice Armor.
>>
No. 830727 ID: 91ee5f

>>830662
Wait, I just figured out the answer to my own question.

He figured Troy was staying in the hotel, so he came here and, since Troy mentioned he had a friend that was also wearing the "mummy look", he pretended to be Gallows and the receptionist let him into our room, where he set his trap.

Then all he had to do was go somewhere so that he could see in the window and wait for Troy to enter the room.
>>
No. 830756 ID: 8a947d
File 150552204143.png - (164.28KB , 1212x826 , Snooker 18.png )
830756

Issei gives you leg up back into the room just enough so the balls aren't an immediate threat to you. You see your two way radio...
>>
No. 830758 ID: 8a947d
File 150552242237.png - (212.24KB , 1212x826 , Snooker 19.png )
830758

...and Leighton. He's holding the radio up to the walls and in all different directions as he fiddles with the knobs and buttons on it instead of calling the other radio.
>>
No. 830762 ID: 3ce125

>>830758
...he doesn't know how to use it. Also how did he even get in the room?

Well just Ice Prison him, maintain it like you did with Issei, then take the radio from his hands (and his stick if you can, but merely keeping him from swinging it is fine too) to call Gallows and tell him you have a captive Priest. Issei can come up and use his strength and speed to catch the balls.
>>
No. 830766 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 20 + 6 = 26

>>830762
>...he doesn't know how to use it.
Ha ha ha ha! Holy shit, you're right! XD

>Well just Ice Prison him
Yeah, good idea.

Rolling for Void Ice Prison.
>>
No. 830767 ID: a633c6

Maybe he's using it to somehow get a location on the other set?
>>
No. 830774 ID: 8a947d
File 150552781192.png - (196.72KB , 1212x826 , Snooker 20.png )
830774

>rolled 20 + 6 = 26
CRITICAL

You swiftly and quickly encase Leighton with Void Ice Prison! You try to lift yourself up into the room but nearly get beamed by a pool ball. The balls haven't stopped, in fact it looks like their getting faster...
>>
No. 830775 ID: 8a947d
File 150552794148.png - (418.26KB , 1212x826 , Snooker 21.png )
830775

The pool balls start to ricochet harder and faster. They begin to strike the black ice encasing Leighton, each strike getting harder and shattering more ice. You try to summons more black ice to block the shots but the balls quickly shatter the newly formed sheets as they gain momentum.
>>
No. 830776 ID: 8a947d
File 150552803613.png - (457.35KB , 1212x826 , Snooker 22.png )
830776

Eventually all of the balls strike the ice prison at once and free Leighton. The balls fall to the floor as Leighton is free'd.
>>
No. 830777 ID: 8a947d
File 150552814595.png - (206.42KB , 1212x826 , Snooker 23.png )
830777

Leighton: *huff* That black ice is starting to get on my nerves... but whatever, I got what I need.

Leighton ,out of breath and tired, scoops up his billiards balls quickly with his pool cue and leaps out of the window. He took the radio with him.
>>
No. 830779 ID: 91ee5f

>>830777
Aw, fuck. Probably should've speared him through the chest with an ice spike from the floor.

>Leighton, out of breath and tired
I think the more he uses his power, the more it'll wear him out!

Everyone, chase after him! Don't give him a chance to rest!
>>
No. 830782 ID: 3abd97

>>Leighton, out of breath and tired
>I think the more he uses his power, the more it'll wear him out!
There was the whole thing with not being able to breathe while encased in black ice.
>>
No. 830785 ID: 13fded

I'm unsure what can you say to the receptionist, but this guy attacked,trashed the room and stole your things. Maybe she can agree to talk about the ceiling hole after you deal with him.
Follow the priest!
>>
No. 830786 ID: 91ee5f

>>830782
Didn't seem to bother Issei that one time on the boat. And he was trapped for more than the few seconds Leighton was trapped.
>>
No. 830787 ID: 35add2

>>830779
If we're going for the kill shot then I'm wondering if we can form a void ice prison then extend an ice spike into whatever we encase. If there's enough precision there are lots of ways you could kill someone like that with a minimal ice spike. Side of the neck, through the inside of his leg near the crotch, up through the base of the skull, back of the neck between the 3rd and 4th vertebrae, etc.
Severing arteries (side of the neck and inside of the leg) are good for this kind of thing because the target will imminently fall unconscious due to loss of blood pressure and then bleed out in a few minutes. No pain. It's how they slaughter animals.

I'm just thinking he may be able to deflect a spike with his pool balls, but he's shown that he can't dodge a void ice prison.
>>
No. 830791 ID: 3ce125

>>830782
He's tired though.

>>830777
Good job not reacting to him escaping at all...

You know what I'm tired of this guy being magically 2 steps ahead of us.
>>
No. 830798 ID: 830fb7

>>830775
I wonder what would have happened if you removed the black ice just as the balls where about to hit him, would he be hit by the balls going at fast speed and be knocked out or killed?
>>
No. 830802 ID: 91ee5f

>>830798
That'll be fucking hilarious if it worked! XD

And it would be the 2nd time we end up winning because we tricked a Priest into hitting themselves with their own power! XD
>>
No. 830817 ID: 8a947d
File 150554435958.png - (146.47KB , 1127x730 , Snooker 24.png )
830817

You pull yourself up into the room, Uma and Issei follow you.

Issei: okay so we need to leave like NOW that lady at the front desk isn't happy. what happened ?

You: the priest took off out the window.

Uma: Where's your radio ?

You:...Shit he took it ! We gotta get that back, we can't contact Gallow's without it.

You look out of the window, Leighton's leaping over rooftops towards what looks like the residential area of Ebony Port.
>>
No. 830823 ID: ade112

>>830817
Okay battleplan... first of all, if we are going to chase after him, Troy you need to be in front. You are going to act as our shield-man. Any shots he sends your way you need to deflect. Issei you follow behind Troy. If you can take a few shots at him with your gun. Aim for his legs, and trip him up. If you get close enough you are our guy to attack him. He is great at ranged combat but we still don't know how well he is in close quarters.

Uma you aren't going with them. Without that radio we can't talk to Gallows. Your job is to find him before the priest does.
>>
No. 830827 ID: 91ee5f

>>830817
Ok, time try something crazy! In fact, this is so crazy, it just might work!

Tell Issei to throw you at the Priest and then he can carry Uma while jumping across the rooftops to follow behind you!
>>
No. 830947 ID: 8a947d
File 150561403799.png - (122.00KB , 1212x826 , Snooker 25.png )
830947

>>830823
Issei grabs you and lifts the two of you up onto the rooftops to chase Leighton. Uma goes off to find Gallows.
>>
No. 830948 ID: 8a947d
File 150561417642.png - (248.82KB , 1212x826 , Snooker 26.png )
830948

Leighton still hasn't recovered from being encased in black ice. You manage to catch up to him but he hastens his pace after he see's you coming. You can see him reaching into his coat for something, no doubt he's planning to attack.
>>
No. 830949 ID: 35add2

>>830948
Rolling to shoot. Aim for the chest, center mass.
>>
No. 830951 ID: 35add2

rolled 20 + 5 = 25

>>830949
rolling correctly this time
>>
No. 830952 ID: 746c33

>>830951
What's going oooooon?
>>
No. 830958 ID: 8a947d
File 150561723638.png - (222.58KB , 1212x826 , Snooker 27.png )
830958

>rolled 20 + 5 = 25
CRITICAL

You take aim with your pistol and fire two shots at Leighton. He barely dodges one shot but the second one hits him in the chest below his left shoulder. Leighton stumbles slowing down slightly before continuing to run, he's so focused on the pain in his shoulder that he doesn't notice the Cue Ball that he drops.

You pick up the Cue Ball as you continue the chase. Leighton seems more focused on tending his wound than attacking you at the moment.
>>
No. 830960 ID: 205799

Looks like Leighton dropped the ball on dodging the second shot

...

After him!
>>
No. 830961 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 13 + 12 = 25

>>830958
Rolling to shoot him again!

(d20 + 7 from Perception Stat + 5 from Pistols 2 Skill)
>>
No. 830965 ID: 35add2

>>830960
Go home dad.

But I agree, follow him and his blood trail. If you can check the Cue Ball number without slowing down, do so. Considering what his balls have done I doubt we can destroy it, and now isn't the time to test that anyway.
>>
No. 830966 ID: 91ee5f

>>830965
>check the Cue Ball number
Cue Balls are typically blank and don't have a number.
>>
No. 830967 ID: 35add2

>>830966
Ah, I see. Well if >>830961 works then I would prefer that anyway.
>>
No. 831003 ID: 8a947d
File 150563328136.png - (433.64KB , 1212x826 , Snooker 28.png )
831003

>rolled 13 + 12 = 25

You fire two more shots at Leighton, but he manages to roll off the side of the roof before the connect. As he falls he tosses an 8 Ball into the air and hits it toward you with his pool cue.

The 8 Ball spins impossibly fast as it barrels toward you and Issei.
>>
No. 831006 ID: 8d4593

rolled 12 + 6 = 18

Use a highly sloped black ice wall to deflect since we can't outright block.
>>
No. 831015 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 16 + 6 = 22

>>831006
This!

And make sure you deflect it away from Leighton, so he can't catch it or hit it back again!
>>
No. 831016 ID: a633c6

Make an angled ice wall, like a gun range backstop.

Tell everyone, hit the deck.
>>
No. 831017 ID: a633c6

rolled 9 + 6 = 15

alright apparently dice are case sensitive
>>
No. 831020 ID: 8a947d
File 150563710722.png - (251.93KB , 1212x826 , Snooker 29.png )
831020

You form a wall of sloped ice and deflect the 8-Ball. You can hear it drilling through the ice as it passes over it. The ball spins back up into the air and off somewhere in the distance, Leighton's managed to slip away for a little but there's still a trail of blood left behind and no doubt Issei's caught onto his scent by now...
>>
No. 831021 ID: 8a947d
File 150563730591.png - (116.67KB , 1212x826 , Snooker 30.png )
831021

You and Issei look for a safe are to land and search for Leighton. The blood trail leads towards over a bridge into a dead forest.

Issei: do still plan to chase ? if we do then how do you want to approach him ?

Issei: normally Roland would make some plan for engaging an enemy, especially one as strong as this.
>>
No. 831022 ID: 094652

Leighton has just experienced a double crit fail, possibly for the first time in his life. He's wounded and running low on ammo, but should have some contingency plans set up at his bases. If you can get to him before he can find another ball or get to one of his bases with the custom pool setup, you should finish him off while you still can. Otherwise, find the local pagan group before it's too late.
>>
No. 831023 ID: 8d4593

I think Issei should press the attack while Troy provides support. If Issei can get close Leighton has no answer for his massive strength and incredible Melee capability. Thus far he's done everything in his power to keep his distance from us.

Meanwhile Troy can attempt to entrap him, fire on him with his gun if he breaks from Issei, and attempt to encase his balls in ice. Leighton has control over his balls and only his balls. Even a small change in mass would severely limit his capabilities.

A relatively thin coat of ice on a ball roughly the same weight as the ball would:

Prevent the Cue Stick or other balls from contacting it directly.
Halve it's air speed.
Make it more difficult to ricochet.
And decrease it's point of contact when attacking while simultaneously giving it a sort of padding. Both decreasing potential damage it could do to us.
>>
No. 831027 ID: 8a947d
File 150564064368.png - (121.00KB , 1212x826 , Planning.png )
831027

You plan your attack as you follow the trail of blood

>>831022
Tracking down the pagans isn't impossible. If Gallows is with him then maybe Issei can track him by smell, but there's no telling how far you are from him and you should finish off Leighton as fast as you can.

>>831023
A simple plan but effective non the less. Issei keeping him occupied while you support from behind could go well if you can get Issei close enough to him to keep him in place, Leighton's definitely injured so it may not be hard.

The only problem is if you're going to stay back and fire from afar then Leighton will be out of your range and you won't be able to use Void Ice Prison to encase him, likewise you won't be able to freeze his balls heheheheheh if you're too far away. If he does manage to break from Issei somehow you doubt he'll run towards you.

You also have the Cue Ball from earlier, there's gotta be something you can do with it...
>>
No. 831028 ID: 8d4593

>Cue Ball from earlier
Leighton needs some sort of contact to ensorcell balls, so just having it should be safe enough.

I'm thinking of three uses. A safeish one, a risky one, and a crazy one.

The safeish one is we could use it as a sort of feint. Drop it nearby, and when Leighton attempts to ricochet off it, encase both it and the offending ball in ice. Leighton would wast an attack and be down another ball.

The risky one would be to give it to Issei, and have him use it to block another ball with while holding it. When the inertia gets transfered into the ball he's holding, he might be able to use the momentum to spin his tentacle in a huge circle and either smash the shit out of Leighton, or redirect it with a powerful throw.
Or it might rip the tentacle clean off.

The crazy one would be to ricochet it back at Leighton himself. Either by dodging an attack and throwing the ball at just the right moment, or by putting the ball in a corner, and when Leighton attempts to use it as a ricochet, use an ice spike to displace it so the initial shot he's using misses, bounces off the wall, and then hits the displaced ball back towards him.
The timing and dexterity required for this though....
>>
No. 831029 ID: 094652

The last priest you faced had to follow his own rules. He didn't, and you saw what happened to him. Apparently, the pantheon is all about enforcing rules to constrain their enemies and keep their own followers in line. Think about the "Rool of Pool": If the cue ball is on the field and the player primarily hits another ball instead, there's a major penalty. If you can think up a way to trick him into cheating, that would be enough.
>>
No. 831031 ID: 13fded

Leighton ability is much more effective at long distances. Issei need close distance and Troy is better at medium, there is no reason for Troy to stay far.
From what we saw so far the major risk at close quarters are the bouncing attacks, but the way we dealt with it before was by each covering for the other, so why would we let Issei without an ice shield and Troy without a brute force way t bass obstacles?

We don't know what the cue ball do or what you can do with it. Some experimentations will be needed. If possible try to hit a moving ball with it.
I guess every attack that put multiples balls in motion use the cue ball, so just keeping his without it is already to your advantage. He had no problem putting other balls in motion though.
He had incredible precise shots at long distance even without a line of sight, assuming he didn't retrieved the cue ball every time that ability didn't required the cue ball. The balls bouncing were able to change direction at his will and that ability may require the cue ball.
All that look too inconclusive to me.

I'm a little worried about the place Leighton lead us. This city is supposed to be under the church thumb, shouldn't a priest know many allies around the region?
>>
No. 831032 ID: 8d4593

>>831029
see
>>830251
>>
No. 831042 ID: 8a947d
File 150565614686.png - (262.71KB , 1212x826 , Snooker 31.png )
831042

>>831028
The Cue Ball may be useful somehow, but that may depend on how the fight goes. You have some ideas on how to use it but for now keep it close.

>>831031
From what you can tell the two abilities that require the cue ball are the explosive [Killshot] and the scatter move, [Open Break]. Aside from those two moves he can fire number balls at you without it. Still, [Killshot] and [Open Break] were pretty strong moves with the only cost being a long set up time; maybe this Cue Ball is valuable to Leighton if having it stops him from utilizing half of his arsenal.

Rethinking your approach you realize staying too far can be disadvantageous to you, you decide to go with the same plan except you will stay closer to Issei to help him assault Leighton.

At the end of the trail you reach Ebony Park. Dead trees are scattered through out the field along with a few benches, in the middle of the park a statue of Gerazieke the Sun God stands it's obviously the only part of the park that had any actual money go into it. Issei sniffs the air.

Issei: he's stopped here, probably treating the gunshot wound from earlier.
>>
No. 831046 ID: 91ee5f

rolled 18 + 7 = 25

>>831042
Look around for any pool balls Leighton left lying around and/or a blood trail leading to Leighton's hiding spot!

Don't give him a chance to stop the bleeding!
>>
No. 831062 ID: 8a947d
File 150566476325.png - (306.43KB , 1143x743 , Breaking Violation 1.png )
831062

>rolled 18 + 7 = 25

You and Issei search over the park for anything that might lead you to Leighton. Over a nearby hill you manage to find a trail of blood leading to the edge of the park...
>>
No. 831064 ID: 8a947d
File 150566493696.png - (391.80KB , 1212x826 , Breaking Violation 2.png )
831064

The blood wavers off into a house in the park, the only place with an honest to goodness live tree. Looks like the Grounds keeper's house, Leighton must be hiding inside.
>>
No. 831068 ID: 65dabf

Don't stay in the open, look for cover and keep moving, this place has a lot of things to do ricochet with!
>>
No. 831069 ID: 91ee5f

>>831064
Peek through the windows to see if you can spot him!
>>
No. 831071 ID: deec6e

rolled 18 + 7 = 25

>>831064

While trying to peek in windows, have Issei stealth his way onto the roof, make himself tiny and then scamper down the chimney!

Set up an agile ambush from an unexpected direction!
>>
No. 831082 ID: 35add2

>>831071
Seconding tiny Issei down the chimney. There's no smoke so it doesn't look like we have to worry about a fire at the bottom.
There's that one wall at the end without any windows. If you all can get to that point without being seen Issei should be able to climb to the roof undetected while the rest of you wait in relative safety without being seen.
>>
No. 831086 ID: 91ee5f

>>831082
>the rest of you
What? Troy and Issei are the only ones here. Uma ran off to try and find Gallows.
>>
No. 831087 ID: 8d4593

>>831071
I like it. Chimney it is.
Assault on two fronts!
>>
No. 831118 ID: 8a947d
File 150567675994.png - (132.42KB , 1212x826 , Breaking Violation 3.png )
831118

Issei leaps up towards the chimney as silently as possible and slides down.
>>
No. 831119 ID: 8a947d
File 150567686653.png - (271.38KB , 1212x826 , Breaking Violation 4.png )
831119

Issei: *cough* *cough* jeez there had to have been a better way to get in here...

You peek in through the side window and see Issei standing in the living room.
>>
No. 831120 ID: 8a947d
File 150567711618.png - (176.66KB , 1212x826 , Breaking Violation 5.png )
831120

There's no sign of anybody else in the house, it's not tidy but it's not really messy either. Issei crouches down and stays low to the ground to try and avoids any possible detection, he peaks around the corner into the kitchen and motions to you that nobody is inside.
>>
No. 831130 ID: 8d4593

Have Issei ascend the stairs.

Meanwhile, Climb the side of the house using black ice either as a pillar or as a somewhat destructive makeshift ladder. Get in through the upper window.
>>
No. 831134 ID: 91ee5f

>>831120
I find it odd that door in front of Issei doesn't have a doorknob.

Signal to Issei to use his nose and sniff out the Priest.

>>831130
Do this if Issei starts going up the stairs or he signals that he smells the Priest up the stairs.
>>
No. 831187 ID: 1394b8

issei: smell around for leighton, find what room he's in and see if we can set up an ambush
troy: quickly circle around the house to see if we can see anything important i.e. escape routes, potential ambush locations, leighton.
>>
No. 831222 ID: 8a947d
File 150574286329.png - (333.95KB , 1212x826 , Breaking Violation 6.png )
831222

Issei sniffs around the house for a little, he turns to you and points upward. Before he can climb the steps you hear a loud clack followed by shattering glass.
>>
No. 831223 ID: 8a947d
File 150574314082.png - (403.57KB , 1212x826 , Breaking Violation 7.png )
831223

You hear the balls hit the large tree in the yard before crashing through the kitchen and into the living room. Issei dodges both of them as the break the wood of the house, but you hear something else...
>>
No. 831225 ID: 8a947d
File 150574334206.png - (582.82KB , 1212x826 , Breaking Violation 8.png )
831225

The whirring of a spinning billiards ball as it enters through the same way as the previous two. You and Issei were so focused on the first that you had not noticed the second one, Issei is hit directly in the chest and knocked off of his feet and off of the stairs.

The spinning ball continues its rotation and returns up the stairs but the other two stay put. Issei's hurt but still conscious, it's obvious that Leightons above the first floor.
>>
No. 831230 ID: 8d4593

rolled 18 + 5 = 23

Have issei Accelerate his healing. More balls will likely follow.

Using either a growing black ice pillar or several black ice platforms, get up to that second story window troy. Make sure he can't see your approach. Open fire on him once you see him in the window.
>>
No. 831236 ID: 91ee5f

>>831230
>Have Issei Accelerate his healing.
Good idea!

>Using either a growing black ice pillar or several black ice platforms, get up to that second story window troy. Make sure he can't see your approach.
Agreed.

>Open fire on him once you see him in the window.
What are you wanting Troy to open fire with? His pistol, his shotgun (which I think he still has, I'm not sure), or his Black Ice?

Whichever one you choose, if Troy ends up missing and forcing that asshole to run down the stairs, he'll be expecting Issei to be unconscious, since he still thinks Issei is human and that ball he shot had enough force to knock out a human.

Won't he be surprised to run into Issei, who is not unconscious and not human? >:-D
>>
No. 831258 ID: 8d4593

>>831236
His Pistol.
Shooting a shotgun from an elevated ice pillar seems like a bad idea, and we've been relying heavily on black ice. Relying on it completely seems like a good way to exhaust Troy.
>>
No. 831396 ID: 8a947d
File 150579198244.png - (306.29KB , 1212x826 , Breaking Violation 9.png )
831396

While Issei stays low and accelerates his healing you form a pillar of black ice up to the second floor and peek into the window. Leightons in the room chalking his pool cue and talking to himself.

Leighton: ...two, three...I'm down three. How the hell did I manage to drop my cue ball ? This'd be easier if-

Before he finishes his thought Leighton notices you aiming your gun.
>>
No. 831397 ID: 8a947d
File 150579211354.png - (357.97KB , 1212x826 , Breaking Violation 10.png )
831397

>rolled 18 + 5 = 23

You fire two shots: one bounces off of the ball Leighton's holding up and the other hit's him in the arm. Leighton retaliates by batting the ball at you with his cue, you manage to block it with your arm but it shreds your hand completely and knocks you off of the pillar.
>>
No. 831399 ID: 8a947d
File 150579230606.png - (174.61KB , 1212x826 , Breaking Violation 11.png )
831399

You grab onto the side of your black ice as best as you can with your ruined hand before you hit the ground. The pain must be getting to Leighton, that ball should have completely torn your hand apart and crushed your skull. Issei's probably done with his healing by now. You hear movement in the house.
>>
No. 831401 ID: 4652a6

Don't drop his cue ball.
>>
No. 831403 ID: 91ee5f

>>831399
Get another ice pillar under you to lift yourself up. And put a tiny layer of ice over your injury to stop the bleeding.

>You hear movement in the house.
That's either Issei taking advantage of you distracting Leighton and he's running up the stairs or that's Leighton running down the stairs because he thinks Issei is human and he thinks that attack earlier knocked Issei out.

Better get back up there to help Issei!
>>
No. 831405 ID: 91ee5f

>>831403
And another thing...

>>831397
That fucker is lucky the bullet he blocked with his arm just stopped in his arm! Because if it kept going through his arm, then he would've taken a bullet to the head!
>>
No. 831406 ID: deec6e

>>831396

Looked like he was holding something with his left hand there. Might've been his charm.
>>
No. 831409 ID: f4bda2

>>831406
That's pool chalk. It's probably not his charm, because that stuff gets used up fairly quickly.
>>
No. 831418 ID: 8d4593

rolled 20 + 17 = 37

Drop down and ready your shotgun.
Issei: Fuck him Up
>>
No. 831419 ID: 3583d1

>>831409
Why couldn't it be? Regardless we need to take out his ha somehow. I like the idea of using the ice to create a more stable platform. Troy how is your hand? Can you shoot with your left?
>>
No. 831420 ID: 3583d1

>>831418
C-C-C-CRITICAL!
>>
No. 831421 ID: f4bda2

>>831419
Pool chalk erodes quickly as it's used. It's also easily crushed. These aren't good qualities for magical foci.
>>
No. 831422 ID: deec6e

Troy's luck stat must be secretly maxed out. Leighton, for all his priestly badassery, is getting rolled on.

>>831421

Well...

A) Are we sure a charm can't be made out of a perishable material? It might mean you 'use up' that charm and have to get a new one eventually, but perhaps there are some benefits that weigh up for this disadvantage.

B) Are we sure that a charm made to have the look and function of a perishable material will actually remain perishable, given it's actually fueled by a god's magic?

C) If Leighton is using ordinary pool chalk, why would he need to, given that he's using magic to fuel his shots?

>>830251

And this suggests using the end you'd need pool chalk for is optional.

I'm not certain that it's his charm, but I can't help but think it looks weird to have pool chalk out and available in the middle of a life-and-death fight unless you needed it for -something- critical to your fighting style. Getting rid of it would probably be a good idea either way.
>>
No. 831423 ID: f4bda2

>>831422
His fighting style involves making trick-shots with a pool cue. The chalk is used to make these shots more accurate by preventing the tip of the cue from sliding off the balls.

Ada told us last thread that priests need to hold their charms to cast. The charms are also normally made of wood. Considering that all of Leighton's spells were cast while he was holding his pool cue in one or both hands, it's far more likely that the cue stick rather than the chalk is his charm.
>>
No. 831426 ID: 35add2

>>831418
Critical and a +17? Hot damn.
Seconding readying the shotgun. Let's hope we have something more substantial than birdshot in that thing.
>>
No. 831462 ID: 91ee5f

>>831418
Wow. And Issei once again continues to get criticals when we need them the most!

I think Issei will have ripped Leighton in half by the time Troy gets back in there!

>>831419
No, the pool chalk isn't his charm.

Flint told us that a Priest's charm is typically made out of a type of wood. So that would obviously make Leighton's pool cue his charm.
>>
No. 831475 ID: 8a947d
File 150583259885.png - (258.46KB , 1212x826 , They'll never see it coming 1.png )
831475

>Issei: Fuck Him Up

*BANG* *BANG*

...

*CLACK!*

Issei: sounds like things are getting serious. i'm healed enough, but should i go through the door ? what if the priest is expecting that ?

Issei: hmm...just in case, i'll take the long way...
>>
No. 831476 ID: 8a947d
File 150583267868.png - (342.28KB , 1212x826 , They'll never see it coming 2.png )
831476

You hear the front door of the house burst open as Issei's tentacle reaches out to grab a dead tree across from the house.
>>
No. 831478 ID: 8a947d
File 150583273240.png - (361.14KB , 1212x826 , They'll never see it coming 3.png )
831478

Issei pulls himself around the tree and bends it backwards...
>>
No. 831479 ID: 8a947d
File 150583278160.png - (345.40KB , 1212x826 , They'll never see it coming 4.png )
831479

...and uses it to fling himself above the house before crashing into the roof!
>>
No. 831480 ID: 8a947d
File 150583289745.png - (652.85KB , 1212x826 , They'll never see it coming 5.png )
831480

Leighton: GAH! What the hell !?

Issei: did you forget about me ?
>>
No. 831482 ID: 8a947d
File 150583315697.png - (282.94KB , 1212x826 , Your last surprise.png )
831482

>rolled 20 + 17 = 37
CRITICAL

One good punch and Issei lays Leighton out. Leighton's out cold on the floor, Issei picks up Leightons Charm Cue and comes out to the window to tell you to come inside.

You: Christ Issei I heard that punch from outside! You seriously show off way too much you know that ?

Issei: maybe when you fling yourself through a roof and lay a guy out with one punch you can complain...
>>
No. 831484 ID: f4bda2

>>831482
Nice job, Issei. Search Leighton for the walkie-talkie and anything else that might be useful. Make sure Gallows gets that charm.
>>
No. 831485 ID: 8d4593

Strip him of his belongings. Contact gallows on the radio and inform him of your location.

Aside from that, Issei... The Cerebral Hemmoraghing will likely kill this guy soon...
Best eat him while he's fresh.
>>
No. 831493 ID: 65dabf

HOLY SHIET, that was some major comic hero entrence Issei! I knew it, best quest character of the year!
>>
No. 831494 ID: 65dabf

>>831493
But do we REALLY need to kill him? Look, i know that the Church is full with assholes, but we don't need to become like them, or worst. I think we need to make an example of him, show people that the CAN fight back, with discretion of corse. I don't know, like, tie him to the statue of the park, naked, face down... yeah that should be enough.
>>
No. 831495 ID: 65dabf

I tried to write everything together but Tg did not let me
>>
No. 831496 ID: 91ee5f

>>831482
Issei, holy fuck!

So, what now? Do we tie him up and give him a chance to escape and come back later? Or do we finish him off so he doesn't bother us again later?

I know Gallows let those 2 voodoo guys live back on the train, but Troy isn't Gallows. So what'll he do?

Anyways, let's get the walkie-talkie from him and finally get in contact with Gallows.
>>
No. 831498 ID: f4bda2

If he's rotten, Issei should eat him. Otherwise, question him about what the church wants here, then let him go after warning him not to cross you again. As far as priests go, he wasn't that horrible.
>>
No. 831501 ID: 69fef8

>>831498
This is an idea, smell test results from Issei?

If nothing else we should try to find out what this guy was up to around here and why he's stealing Gallows' style. Loot him in the process of course.
>>
No. 831525 ID: 13fded

>>831498
What do you mean her wasn't that horrible? Leighton was relentless. He barely knew anything and that was enough to start to hunt us with an intensity that could easily be deadly.
Karas, as horrible his people collection was, talked as a civilized person and gave his targets a chance to play on his level, not to mention he become much less dangerous after we learn how did his game worked. Leighton on the other hand is a powerhouse that shot first and ask questions later. We cannot imprison him and if he got another chance to attack knowing what we are capable of he will be much more dangerous.
Even if he isn't rotten he is too dangerous to be let alive.
>>
No. 831528 ID: b0f04f

Definitely search his person and find his charm. Just take everything from him
>>
No. 831532 ID: 8d4593

>>831494
He used his absurdly destructive power in an unrestrained and wanton manner. He could have easily restrained Troy from the start before we knew anything about how his power worked with Open-Break but instead opted to use Kill-Shot right off the rip on a merely suspect stranger. The man is a dangerous psychopath whom we only managed to best by pressing an advantage gained from pure luck and his own cruelty.

>>831498
Question him?
He's a priest. Not only does his training likely include anti-interrogation techniques, but answering our questions would likely betray his faith.
If we're getting anything from him we would likely need Gallows and a cerebral gnat... I'm not sure if we should stay here that long. Just keeping him alive is dangerous. There also could be a reason we don't know that he chose this place, or he could have reported his location.
>>
No. 831539 ID: 91ee5f

>>831532
>There also could be a reason we don't know that he chose this place, or he could have reported his location.
There's also the fact that this is a poorly maintained public park in the middle of town. Someone probably heard gunfire and reported to the local guards. And since this is a Church town, the guards are all gonna be a part of the Church.

So yeah, let's not stick around for too long.
>>
No. 831565 ID: f4bda2

Leighton's attacks weren't overkill. He said himself that he usually doesn't need to use anything stronger than his 3-ball. Every attack after that increased in strength gradually.

His approach compared to Karas' was more straightforward. He didn't mess around, and he didn't fight underhandedly. Even the shadowmen tried to ambush us twice, and we spared them. Why let them live if we plan to kill the ones who aren't as likely to come after us again?

This guy has shown virtues that none of the antagonists so far have, and it would be a shame to end him so soon.
>>
No. 831581 ID: 8d4593

>>831565
>Why let them live if we plan to kill the ones who aren't as likely to come after us again?

He's with the Regent Church, our eternal enemy. They will always be after us. This guy was on assignment here, and will likely be sent on assignment against us again, next time knowing our abilities.

If Gallows is to succeed in his dream, he will need to defeat the Regent Church. This is war. This is our enemy. Our situations reversed, we would not be given such mercy. He's too dangerous to let live.
>>
No. 831621 ID: deec6e

Loot Leighton, remove anything that might be a backup weapon or charm or simply just of interest. Maybe remove his bandages and check what's beneath?

"Objection retracted. I'll stick to bullets and Freitast's blessings, thank you. But seriously, Issei, good frickin' job. This guy, uh... rotten enough for you? If not, Gallows might want to talk to this one."

Speaking of which, call Gallows and tell him the good/