[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 842528)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 150982282494.png - (5.60KB , 800x600 , 0.png )
842528 No. 842528 ID: 15a025

Previous threads:
https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/827428.html

Discussion Thread:
https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/115339.html

Wiki page:
https://tgchan.org/wiki/The_Herd
Expand all images
>>
No. 842529 ID: 15a025
File 150982285943.png - (4.09KB , 800x600 , 1.png )
842529

Someone starts banging on the door.

Sugar: "Candy, last call before I haul in the snow bucket!"

Candy: "I said I'm up, I'm just brushing myself a bit!"

Oh right, morning earring ghosts. How are you all doing today?
>>
No. 842536 ID: 3abd97

>>842529
Doing fine. You sleep well? It isn't too cold in that house, I hope.
>>
No. 842555 ID: 91ee5f

>>842529
>Oh right, morning earring ghosts. How are you all doing today?
Noooo, I don't wanna get up, mommy.....5 more minutes.....*insert snoring sounds here* -~-
>>
No. 842564 ID: 314bcd

Doin' pretty alright. Ready to tackle your first day on the job?
>>
No. 842601 ID: 15a025
File 150984460295.png - (5.66KB , 800x600 , 2.png )
842601

>Doin' pretty alright.
>Doing fine.
That's good to hear

>You sleep well? It isn't too cold in that house, I hope.
It's a little chilly in here, but I've got my wool to keep me warm.
>Ready to tackle your first day on the job?
Yup, just need to get some breakfast in me first. I leave my room and walk over to the main entrance.

Sugar: "About time slowpoke, foods almost-"

I hear some beeping coming from upstairs, followed by Marsh's muffled yelling
Marsh: "Yeah crash and shut down again why don't you!"

Sugar: "Marsh you break that computer and I'll-"

Marsh: "Can't break what's already broken!"

Sugar: "Marsh!"

She starts going for the stairs when something else starts beeping

Sugar: "Of course the pancakes would be done now! Candy throw me a hoof here and help out with something!"
>>
No. 842602 ID: 3ce125

Let's help Marsh with that computer.
>>
No. 842604 ID: 3abd97

Ask you sister to rescue the pancakes while you rescue Marsh and/or the computer?
>>
No. 842625 ID: 15a025
File 150985662756.png - (5.28KB , 800x600 , 3.png )
842625

>Let's help Marsh with that computer.
>Ask you sister to rescue the pancakes while you rescue Marsh and/or the computer?
Candy: "You go save the pancakes, I'll go check on Marsh!"

Sugar bolts off, and I hoof it up the stairs and into Marsh's office.
>>
No. 842626 ID: 15a025
File 150985667095.png - (5.16KB , 800x600 , 4.png )
842626

I walk in to seeing her shaking the computer screen on her desk.
Marsh: "I'm ready to make you fly like birds- Candy? What's up?"

Candy: "Came to save you or the computer from whatever's going on up here. What's all the shouting for?"

Marsh: "This junk box is pushing my buttons and not the other way around is what."

Candy: "What's wrong with it?"

Marsh: "Everything."

Candy: "Let me rephrase that, what's it not doing that you're trying to get it to do?"

Marsh: "Well right now it isn't even turning on after that crash."
>>
No. 842628 ID: 3ce125

>>842626
Alright, is it making any beeping sounds after you push the power button, or is it just not responding to the power button at all? Check the cords in the latter case. In the former case, the beeps mean something and I'll tell you what needs fixing.
>>
No. 842629 ID: 91ee5f

>>842626
Let's quickly look at the monitor to see if that's turned on. If it's not turned on, then she's just messing with a monitor that's turned off. If it is on, then it's not the monitor.

Next, check the computer tower that under the desk to see if that's turned on or not. If it is turned on, then check the back of the tower to see if any of the cables have come unplugged. If it's not turned on and it won't come on when you push the power button, then check the back of the tower and follow the power cable to the wall to see if it got unplugged.

If the computer still isn't working, then do what the smarter voice: >>842628 , is telling you to do.
>>
No. 842641 ID: 094652

Open it up and see how much dust is in the fan. Protocol says a broken computer is better than an exploding one, so it's possible the computer is so clogged with dust the overheating components might trigger a fire hazard.
>>
No. 842836 ID: 15a025
File 150993899305.png - (5.20KB , 800x600 , 5.png )
842836

>Let's quickly look at the monitor to see if that's turned on. If it's not turned on, then she's just messing with a monitor that's turned off. If it is on, then it's not the monitor.
Candy: "Alright, mind turning the monitor around for me Marsh?"

Marsh: "Yeah let me just-"

The monitor lets out a painful squeak as she shoves it around.

I take a look at the monitor. There's an orange light on the bottom with the words "no signal" flashing on screen.
>>
No. 842837 ID: 15a025
File 150993911111.png - (5.09KB , 800x600 , 6.png )
842837

>Next, check the computer tower that under the desk to see if that's turned on or not.

I get down on the floor crawl under the desk, and turn the tower around so I can see it. Doesn't look like there's a light on, so I push the power button, and nothing happens. Everything seems to be plugged into the tower.
>>
No. 842838 ID: 15a025
File 150993921225.png - (5.21KB , 800x600 , 7.png )
842838

>Open it up and see how much dust is in the fan. Protocol says a broken computer is better than an exploding one, so it's possible the computer is so clogged with dust the overheating components might trigger a fire hazard.

I unplug all the cables from the back of the tower and pull it out from under the desk. The case doesn't have any screws holding it together. Instead it's thankfully designed for someone with hooves to work on and opens up kind like a briefcase. I pop it open and-
>>
No. 842839 ID: 15a025
File 150993928966.png - (5.51KB , 800x600 , 8.png )
842839

A flurry of dust and light smoke blows right into my face!

Marsh: "You need a glass of water or something for that cough?"
>>
No. 842841 ID: 3ce125

>>842839
Well that could be bad. I hope the smoke is from dust getting burnt, not the circuitboard. Well, get away from the smoke and let it disperse. Maybe crack a window. Next thing you need to do is get some compressed air to blow the rest of the dust out. If Marsh doesn't have any compressed air then you can blow it out with your mouth it's just less effective.

Once the computer's got the dust cleaned out of it, look to see if anything's obviously scorched, and feel around the outside of the case to see if any of it is especially hot. Damaged components will likely have to be replaced, but you could try to hook it back up and turn it on again once it's cooled down. My bet right now is the power supply overheated and burnt out. If nothing else is damaged that's all you have to replace.
>>
No. 842842 ID: 3abd97

Tell Marsh you'll make it to breakfast.

>>842841
This pretty much covers it. Clean out the dust, inspect visually for damaged components, if there are none, try hooking it up and powering on.
>>
No. 842843 ID: 91ee5f

>>842839
You might want to tell Marsh that you're pretty sure you've found the problem.

>>842841
Since you seem to know way more than I ever could, I've gotta ask: Should there even be that much dust in there in the first place? And should computers be cleaned regularly to prevent this from happening?
>>
No. 842885 ID: d9cd96

If it's not magical blue smoke, then you're fine. In any case, there's your problem. You'll want to remove all that dust.
>>
No. 842887 ID: 094652

Okay, NOW you need to hire a technician - something's fried and needs a replacement part.

Screw the literally broken computer for now, get breakfast.
>>
No. 843054 ID: 15a025
File 151002431897.gif - (106.31KB , 800x600 , 9.gif )
843054

>If it's not magical blue smoke, then you're fine.
>Tell Marsh you'll make it to breakfast.
Candy: "I'm fine, I'll make it to breakfast."

Marsh: "Speaking of, that should be done soon. So now what?"

>In any case, there's your problem. You'll want to remove all that dust.
>This pretty much covers it. Clean out the dust, inspect visually for damaged components, if there are none, try hooking it up and powering on.
Candy: "Got some canned air?"

Marsh: "Nope."

>If Marsh doesn't have any compressed air then you can blow it out with your mouth it's just less effective.
Candy: "Alright, then get over here and help me huff and puff and blow down all this dust."

She comes over and she huffs, and she puffs, and she-
>>
No. 843055 ID: 15a025
File 151002438749.png - (5.62KB , 800x600 , 10.png )
843055

blows it all into my face.
>>
No. 843057 ID: 15a025
File 151002451751.png - (5.60KB , 800x600 , 11.png )
843057

>Once the computer's got the dust cleaned out of it, look to see if anything's obviously scorched, and feel around the outside of the case to see if any of it is especially hot. Damaged components will likely have to be replaced, but you could try to hook it back up and turn it on again once it's cooled down. My bet right now is the power supply overheated and burnt out. If nothing else is damaged that's all you have to replace.

I take a closer look inside the computer case, nothing looks burnt or scorched? I see a few more dust bunnies laying in there though.
>>
No. 843058 ID: 15a025
File 151002454208.png - (5.53KB , 800x600 , 12.png )
843058

Candy: "Probably should let it cool off before we plug it back in just be safe."

Marsh: "How long? Long enough that we could for breakfast or just few moments?"
>>
No. 843060 ID: 094652

This requires more than blowing, you need a tube!

Buy some compressed air. It's a standard repair tool at the computer shop.
>>
No. 843062 ID: 91ee5f

>>843057
>I see a few more dust bunnies laying in there though.
Then you'd better clean those out!

>>843058
>"How long? Long enough that we could go for breakfast or just a few moments?"
Tell her, "Sugar is done making breakfast, so we'd better go eat before it gets cold.....or before Sugar eats it all!" XD

We can check on the computer after we're done eating.

Er, I mean, when you're done eating. Cause, you know, we're ghosts in an earring. We can't exactly eat anything.
>>
No. 843067 ID: 3ce125

>>843055
Man what is with you and getting fine particles blown into your face lately.

>>843058
Get the dust bunnies out of there. Just don't touch anything without grounding yourself first.
Also yeah why don't you just go get breakfast. Close the computer up first so nothing crawls inside.
>>
No. 843076 ID: 3abd97

Get the dust bunnies out (carefully) then go eat breakfast while it's hot.
>>
No. 843078 ID: 7b65b9

It won't hurt to let it sit for longer, so you may as well eat breakfast first before it gets cold.
>>
No. 843582 ID: 15a025
File 151018608009.png - (5.48KB , 800x600 , 13.png )
843582

>Man what is with you and getting fine particles blown into your face lately.
I'm probably going to have to wash my face in a snow bank at this rate.

>Get the dust bunnies out of there. Just don't touch anything without grounding yourself first.
>Get the dust bunnies out (carefully) then go eat breakfast while it's hot.
I try and blow them out of the case, but they're persistent little buggers. Neither of us can blow them out of the case! It make be cooked onto the board?

>This requires more than blowing, you need a tube! Buy some compressed air. It's a standard repair tool at the computer shop.

Candy: "Alright, let's just close up the case for now and come back with a can of compressed air."

Marsh: "There's one more thing I gotta stop for now. Whatever, let's go eat."
>>
No. 843583 ID: 15a025
File 151018612003.png - (6.01KB , 800x600 , 14.png )
843583

Marsh guides me back to the front entrance, and to a room through a hall on the left. There's a huge dining table fit for a whole family dinner!

Sugar: "What's the word?"

Candy: "Dust."

Sugar: "No kidding. Hope you plan on washing your face before work. So it up and running now or what?"

Candy: "We need a can of compressed air to get it all out."

Sugar: "Great, more money down that hole."

Marsh: "Breakfast ready yet?"

Sugar: "Yeah, forgot to bring out the plates. Hang on."

She zips off and comes back with a big stack of pancakes!
Sugar: "Marsh, since Roxie called in today and the computer's on wait for cleaning. I'm going to have to have go and open up the bar and work there instead."

Marsh: "Yeah, whatever."
>>
No. 843584 ID: 15a025
File 151018615748.png - (6.06KB , 800x600 , 15.png )
843584

After eating breakfast, we head back to the front entrance and get ready to leave for work.

Sugar: "You two all set now?"

Marsh: "Let's see, Got my keys and knife, check! All set."

Sugar: "How about you sis?"

Huh, didn't think about taking anything to work with me. Back in my suitcase I've got:
A lighter
Pocket Knife
Brush
Electric Wool Sheer
And a sweater.

Anything I should take with me to the candy store?
>>
No. 843602 ID: 91ee5f

>>843584
Your lighter and knife, because you might need them. And your sweater because it's fucking cold outside!
>>
No. 843619 ID: 3abd97

>>843584
The whole point of lighters and pocket knives is to carry them everywhere so you have them when you need them.

You probably don't need the brush or shears. Sweater depends on how cold you are, or what the weather is supposed to be today (do we get tv or a newspaper at this dump)?
>>
No. 843914 ID: 830fb7

>>843583
You could always get an electric air compression blower instead, it lasts longer and has the benefit of being able to be reused over and over once charged.
>>843584
Your lighter, knife and sweater, because its cold and you might need them.
>>843582
you could also just use a slightly moistened rag, as long as you don't leave any water inside to will work just as effective at a fraction of the cost.
>>
No. 843941 ID: 7b65b9

Speaking of shears, why is it that you don't have wool on your head, but sugar does. Do you shave it all off?
>>
No. 844071 ID: 15a025
File 151033011845.png - (4.13KB , 800x600 , 16.png )
844071

>Your lighter and knife, because you might need them.
>The whole point of lighters and pocket knives is to carry them everywhere so you have them when you need them.
Good point.
Candy: "Actually hang on, I need to grab something out of my suitcase real quick."

Sugar: "It better be quick."

I pop open my suitcase and- shoot. I don't actually have pockets to put them in.
>And your sweater because it's fucking cold outside!
>and sweater, because its cold and you might need them.
But my sweater does! Probably should wear it to help keep warm. My wool only helps so much.

>You probably don't need the brush or shears
>Speaking of shears, why is it that you don't have wool on your head, but sugar does. Do you shave it all off?
I like to keep my head shaved these days. Don't really need to brush or shave at work so I'll just leave them here and head out.
>>
No. 844072 ID: 15a025
File 151033016841.png - (5.47KB , 800x600 , 17.png )
844072

When we walk into the candy store, we find Sharcole sleeping with her head on the front counter.
Sugar: "Maybe I should just give you that counter Sharcole. Seems like you actually get more sleep on that thing than your bed."

Sharcole: Huh? Oh, morning."

Sugar: "You're lucky we don't open up for another half hour. Candy, try and keep her up today will you?"

Candy: "Sure?"

Sugar: "Alright, I got some running around to do since Roxie called in today. Before I go, here's a list of people coming in to pick up stuff from the back room."

Sugar hands Sharcole a sheet of notebook paper.
Sharcole: "Is this right, it's just a blank sheet?"

Sugar: "Yeah, no-one's supposed be picking up anything today. So if anyone comes in saying otherwise, tell'em to buzz off, we're out of stock or something. Got it?"

Sharcole: "Y..yes."

Sugar: "Alright Marsh will be here at six to pick you two up. Later."
>>
No. 844073 ID: 15a025
File 151033019604.png - (5.65KB , 800x600 , 18.png )
844073

Business is just dead for the first hour we're open, and Sharcole ends up taking a nap on the counter. Suddenly the door opens up and we've got our first costumer of the day!
>>
No. 844082 ID: 91ee5f

>>844073
Wake Sharcole up.

And remember what you did when Sharcole tested you? Do that.
>>
No. 844134 ID: 3abd97

>>844082
Pretty much. Nudge her, greet potential customer.

>Seems like you actually get more sleep on that thing than your bed.
Hmm. That's concerning. Does she not have a place she can go back to, or is her home so bad she's rather sleep at work?
>>
No. 844245 ID: 094652

Act aroused, and greet her yourself.
>>
No. 844516 ID: 15a025
File 151051275918.png - (5.42KB , 800x600 , 19.png )
844516

>Does [Sharcole] not have a place she can go back to, or is her home so bad she's rather sleep at work?
Last night Marsh dropped her off at an apartment building, so I think she at least has a place to stay? I'll have to ask her later.

>Wake Sharcole up.
>Nudge her, greet potential customer.
Candy: "Hey Sharcole, we've got a customer."

Sharcole: "Huh?"

I give her a small nudge as they come up to the counter.
Candy: "Good morning, is there anything we can help you with today?"

The customer walks up to the front counter.
Customer: "Good morning to you too! Sharcole, who's your new friend here?"

Sharcole jumps up awake.
Sharcole: "Ah, Miss Maple, good morning! This here's our new employee, Candy."

She lets out a little giggle.
Maple: "What a fitting name. Anyway I've come in looking for some small treats to hand out to my students tomorrow."

Candy: "Have anything in mind?"

Maple: "Sort of. I need to get one of those lime bar things. I promised the class that the student with the highest test score would get one. I need to find something small with a little variety I could hand out to the rest of the class though. I don't really know what the kids like though."
>>
No. 844599 ID: 830fb7

say "How many students do you have in your class because we have these fantastic boxes of variety chocolate tasters that come in a variety of flavour schemes that will suit your needs, their is milk chocolate, caramel, (other flavours) and if you want something for yourself there is always the adults only chocolates, each one is filled with a different type of alcohol."
>>
No. 845151 ID: 15a025
File 151071938814.png - (5.24KB , 800x600 , 20.png )
845151

>How many students do you have in your class because we have these fantastic boxes of variety chocolate tasters that come in a variety of flavour schemes that will suit your needs, there is milk chocolate, caramel, (other flavours)
Candy: "How many kids are in your class?"

Maple: "I've got a lovely class of twenty."

I turn around a look at the candy boxes real quick. Despite the boxes saying what kind of chocolates are in them, it doesn't say how many chocolates are inside?
Candy: "Sharcole, how many chocolates are in these boxes?"

Sharcole: "It doesn't say how many on the box?"

Candy: "Yeah, it doesn't say."

Sharcole: "Hang on let me check something down here then."

She goes under the counter and flips some pages around in a dusty looking book.
>>
No. 845152 ID: 15a025
File 151071942581.png - (5.47KB , 800x600 , 21.png )
845152

Sharcole: "Each box has twenty chocolates in it!"

Maple: "Well that's convenient. Do you have one with all different kinds of chocolates?"

Sharcole: "We do, but there's a big allergy warning on those. We can't guarantee if there will be nuts, milk, and other problematic ingredients in them or not. They're kind of just randomly thrown in that box."

Maple: "Oh nuts. I've got a few students with various food allergies. I guess I'll take a regular box of chocolates then."

Sharcole: "Okay, let me grab that off the shelf for you then."

Sharcole grabs a lime bar and one of the chocolate boxes off the shelf and rings them up.

Sharcole: "Anything else you'd like?"
>>
No. 845153 ID: 15a025
File 151071950252.png - (5.46KB , 800x600 , 22.png )
845153

I watch her look around and turn towards the cookies.
Maple: "What kind of cookies are those?"

Sharcole: "Home made sugar cookies. Freshly baked just this morning."

Maple: "Oh no, my favorite! Did you bake them?"

Sharcole: "Yup! They're only fifty cents if you'd like one."

Maple: "Hmm...should I? Ah sure. I'll take two please!
>>
No. 845154 ID: 15a025
File 151071952468.png - (5.71KB , 800x600 , 23.png )
845154

Sharcole pulls two cookies out and finishes ringing up Maple.
Sharcole: "That'll be nineteen-eighty please!"

Maple: "Here you go, thanks for helping me out Sharcole! You and your friend have a good day now!"

Sharcole: "You too Miss Maple!"
>>
No. 845166 ID: 91ee5f

And now back to a regularly scheduled program of standing behind a counter until someone comes in!

.....man, you should buy a video game or something for when business is this slow!

..........*snore* -.-
>>
No. 845221 ID: 7b65b9

Since no one else is here right now, it may be a good time to ask Sharcole what kind of people we should look out for that may cause trouble. We heard fights happen regularly, and maybe there are some people that have tried to steal from the store more than once. Are there reoccurring people who do that or are they different every time?
>>
No. 845369 ID: 3abd97

>>845154
Success!

...part of me wants to say if some of the kids have nut allergies she shouldn't be buying mass produced candy at all because of the risk of cross contamination but oh well.
>>
No. 845547 ID: 15a025
File 151087310375.png - (4.98KB , 800x600 , 24.png )
845547

>And now back to a regularly scheduled program of standing behind a counter until someone comes in!
>Since no one else is here right now, it may be a good time to ask Sharcole what kind of people we should look out for that may cause trouble. We heard fights happen regularly, and maybe there are some people that have tried to steal from the store more than once. Are there reoccurring people who do that or are they different every time?
Nothing like talking during down time. Suppose I should also ask why she's always tired as well now.
I turn around and see she's back to sleeping on the counter.

Candy: "Hey Sharcole, you feeling okay?"

Sharcole: Yeah, just tired."

Candy: "Didn't get much sleep last night?"

Sharcole: No, couldn't really fall asleep-"

She mumbles something out, but I couldn't understand it.

Candy: "How come?"

Sharcole: "-is a noisy jerk"
>>
No. 845548 ID: 15a025
File 151087322175.png - (4.92KB , 800x600 , 25.png )
845548

She grumbles on a bit, but I can't understand what she's saying.
Candy: "Switching topics, you mentioned people get into fights over things at the store?"

She jumps up awake again.
Sharcole: "Why is there fight going on now?"

Candy: "No, I was just wondering if there's any usual trouble makers who come in I should be watching for?"

Sharcole: "Well there's-"
>>
No. 845549 ID: 15a025
File 151087324696.png - (5.66KB , 800x600 , 26.png )
845549

Someone walks into the store.
Sharcole: "him."
>>
No. 845550 ID: 15a025
File 151087327477.png - (5.31KB , 800x600 , 27.png )
845550

He walks up to the counter and smashes his cigarette on it.

Customer: "You new here or something?"

Candy: "Yup today's my first-"

Customer: "Don't care, in a hurry here. Came in to pick up that Christmas present for my pal in the back."
>>
No. 845553 ID: 3abd97

>>845550
I'm sorry, we don't have anything scheduled for pickup in the back room today.

Can I help you with anything else?

Be polite and professional. We don't whup ass till he gives us an excuse.
>>
No. 845554 ID: 91ee5f

>>845547
Sounds like she's got a noisy neighbor that keeps her up all night.

>>845550
>"Don't care, in a hurry here. Came in to pick up that Christmas present for my pal in the back."
Remember what your sister said, "No-one's supposed be picking up anything today. So if anyone comes in saying otherwise, tell'em to buzz off, we're out of stock or something."

Well, don't tell him to buzz off, but let him know that you're out of stock or something.

And don't let this guy scare you, you've literally fought things worse than him! You've faced terrorists and chimeras, so this guy is nothing compared to that!

And you're not alone! You've got us and-

>Sharcole's not there.
Hey, Sharcole! Don't hide behind the counter like that!
>>
No. 845563 ID: 3ce125

>>845550
Tell him it hasn't arrived yet. So sorry, he'll have to come back tomorrow.
>>
No. 845799 ID: 7b65b9

Tell him his pal isn't in the back.
>>
No. 845803 ID: de6d84

Brace yourself if he tries anything, but say there's nothing to be picked up today.
>>
No. 846203 ID: 15a025
File 151112654462.png - (5.23KB , 800x600 , 28.png )
846203

>Tell him his pal isn't in the back.
Candy: "You must have missed your pal, there's no one in the back room right now."

He gives me a puzzled look.

Customer: "I must'a misspoke or something. I'm here to pick up the 'present' in the back room for my pal. Now hurry up, I ain't got all day here."
>>
No. 846204 ID: 15a025
File 151112663827.png - (5.33KB , 800x600 , 29.png )
846204

>Be polite and professional. We don't whup ass till he gives us an excuse.
>Brace yourself if he tries anything, but say there's nothing to be picked up today.
>Tell him it hasn't arrived yet. So sorry, he'll have to come back tomorrow.
I reach into my sweeter pocket and have my knife ready to be whipped out.
Candy: "It must not have come yet, there's nothing written down for pickup today."

Customer: "I think you should go check anyway, just to be sure."
>>
No. 846206 ID: 15a025
File 151112667392.png - (5.67KB , 800x600 , 30.png )
846206

Before I can respond, Maple comes back in.
Maple: "Shar- Oh did she go on break Candy?"

Candy: "No she's just behind the counter g-"
>>
No. 846207 ID: 15a025
File 151112670018.png - (5.79KB , 800x600 , 31.png )
846207

The customer pounds on the desk and hisses at me.

Customer: "Hey, screw the lady I was here first. Now you going to go check the back room for stuff or what?"
>>
No. 846210 ID: 91ee5f

>>846207
Remain professional and tell him that you've already told him that there isn't anything in the back.
>>
No. 846212 ID: 3ce125

>>846207
Tell him you have a delivery scheduled for tomorrow, that might be what he's here for. I guess it got delayed?

If he won't back down, ask Maple to wait outside. Then pull your knife, stab it onto the counter inches from his hand, and tell him to fuck off.
>>
No. 846228 ID: 3abd97

>>846210
Pretty much. Add an "I'm sorry but" in there, and ask if there's anything else you can help him with today.
>>
No. 846277 ID: 4324ce

>>846210
>>846228
Both of these.

...Get ready for a fight.
>>
No. 847142 ID: 15a025
File 151138992509.png - (5.27KB , 800x600 , 32.png )
847142

>Remain professional and tell him that you've already told him that there isn't anything in the back.
>Tell him you have a delivery scheduled for tomorrow, that might be what he's here for. I guess it got delayed?
Candy: "I've already said there's nothing in the back room. Your stuff might have got delayed or something? Why don't you stop in tomorrow and-"

I notice him digging in his jacket pocket for something...

>If he won't back down, ask Maple to wait outside. Then pull your knife, stab it onto the counter inches from his hand, and tell him to fuck off.
Candy: "Maple you want to wait outside for a second?"

Maple: "Okay?"

Customer: "Hey lady, what's in that box there! Hey! That better not be m-"

I cram my pocket knife into the counter top, just barely missing his hand.
Candy: "Didn't you say you were in a hurry? I think it's about time you left."

He hisses at me again and starts walking out.

Customer: "You're lucky I've got other business to take care of. That package better be here tomorrow!"
>>
No. 847143 ID: 15a025
File 151138996762.png - (5.27KB , 800x600 , 33.png )
847143

Maple walks back in and heads up to the counter.
Maple: "What was that all about?"

Candy: "No idea really. So what brings you back here?"

Maple: "Oh, I need to exchange this box of chocolates. Sharcole must of got mixed up and gave me a box with peanuts in them."
>>
No. 847145 ID: 91ee5f

>>847143
Tell Sharcole that the scary man is gone and she can stop hiding behind the counter now.

But if Sharcole isn't there, then you'll just have to get Maple's correct box of chocolates yourself.
>>
No. 847177 ID: 094652

"Did you open the packaging? We can't give out a full refund if the product is exposed to open air, but we'll gladly buy it back for most of the full price. I'll look for a brand with no nuts."
>>
No. 847404 ID: 3abd97

>>847142
Good job, Candy. Don't let that two bit criminal intimidate you!

>Maple: "Oh, I need to exchange this box of chocolates. Sharcole must of got mixed up and gave me a box with peanuts in them."
Oh, I'm very sorry about that. Let me find you a nut free box.
>>
No. 848003 ID: 15a025
File 151164142666.png - (5.29KB , 800x600 , 34.png )
848003

>Tell Sharcole that the scary man is gone and she can stop hiding behind the counter now.
Candy: "You can come back up now Sharcole, he's gone."

Sharcole peeps over the counter.
Sharcole: "Oh, what brings you back Maple?"

Maple: "I need to exchange these chocolates. You gave me a box that has peanut chocolates."

Sharcole: "Oh no, Maple I'm sorry! I must of spaced out or something?"

She grabs the box from Maple

Sharcole: "Oh wait, did you open the box?"

Maple: "No, I just saw the box was labeled 'Peanut Chocolates' and came back to exchange it."

Candy: "I'll find a nut free one. Sharcole you handle whatever the rest of the exchange process needs."
>>
No. 848004 ID: 15a025
File 151164147388.png - (5.48KB , 800x600 , 35.png )
848004

I dig around the shelf and look for a regular box of chocolates, when I hear someone else come in? I turn around and look, but don't see anyone?
>>
No. 848007 ID: 91ee5f

That's because a tiny person has walked in. Look down.
>>
No. 848123 ID: 3abd97

>>848004
Look down.
>>
No. 848133 ID: 15a025
File 151172161783.png - (3.90KB , 800x600 , 36.png )
848133

>That's because a tiny person has walked in. Look down.
I look down to see a familiar mouse on the floor.
Candy: "Officer Nibbles? What are you doing all the way out here?"

Officer Nibbles: "I could ask you the same! Weren't you going to college?"

Candy: "Graduated, then came here to help my sister out with some things."

Officer Nibbles: "Ah! Well, I'm... hey, could you put me on the counter! It's hard yelling like this!"
>>
No. 848134 ID: 15a025
File 151172167807.png - (4.35KB , 800x600 , 37.png )
848134

Maple picks her up and sets her down on the counter.

Officer Nibbles: "Thanks. Anyway I got re-stationed out here to help with some investigations. About all I can say. Unless you mean why I'm here at the candy store. I'm going to be riding around a lot tonight and need some sweets to nibble on."
>>
No. 848135 ID: 91ee5f

>>848133
Huh, small world. What're the odds of seeing her show up around here?

>>848134
Candy, don't forget to keep looking for that box of regular chocolates for Maple.

Ask Officer Nibbles to give you a sec. After you're done helping Maple, you can talk to Nibbles and get her order.

.....you might have to help her carry it outside when she's done buying her candy.
>>
No. 848147 ID: 3abd97

>>848134
...well considering the kind of stuff that happened on the last assignment you were on, I sure hope whatever investigation brings you here is a lot less serious.

What kind of candy where you looking for? (One nice thing about being small is she gets more comparatively more candy for her dollar).

Candy, remember that Nibbles can detect enchanted objects. She probably recognized your earring (and possibly us) as soon as she saw it. You still probably don't want to talk about it in front of the others here, but she's one person you can't keep us secret from.
>>
No. 848150 ID: 91ee5f

>>848147
>She can detect us.
Oh, yeah, that's right.

Well.....don't admit anything unless she confronts you about it!
>>
No. 848182 ID: 094652

>>848134
It's been two years. Cybernetic implants are a thing now. Why doesn't he have a person-sized mecha to ride in yet?!
>>
No. 848263 ID: 15a025
File 151180775354.png - (5.54KB , 800x600 , 38.png )
848263

I'm a dork. Candy's sweater is missing the sleeves in that last panel there. They'll be there next time.
>Candy, don't forget to keep looking for that box of regular chocolates for Maple.
Oh right!
Candy: "Just a second Officer, I've got to finish helping out another customer with an exchange!"

I dig around and find a regular thing of chocolates for Maple and Sharcole handles the rest of the exchange.

Sharcole: "Thanks for coming Maple, have a nice day!"

>What kind of candy where you looking for? (One nice thing about being small is she gets more comparatively more candy for her dollar).
Candy: "So what kind of candy are you looking for Officer Nibbles?"

Officer Nibbles: "How about some peppermints that'll just enchant my taste buds. One's so tasty, they'd have to outlaw them for being too sweet."

You know, if I didn't know any better I'd almost think she was talking about my earring.
> remember that Nibbles can detect enchanted objects. She probably recognized your earring (and possibly us) as soon as she saw it.

Wait she can?
>>
No. 848264 ID: 15a025
File 151180777082.png - (3.99KB , 800x600 , 39.png )
848264

Oh no she can, and she's writing me up for it!
>>
No. 848266 ID: 15a025
File 151180780740.png - (4.37KB , 800x600 , 40.png )
848266

Officer Nibbles: "Oh second thought, I'm not really feeling like peppermints today. They're too hard to chew. How about some-"

I see her smelling the place
Officer Nibbles: "Do I smell I cookies...and no hang on. Something doesn't smell right."
>>
No. 848267 ID: 15a025
File 151180782620.png - (4.38KB , 800x600 , 41.png )
848267

She gives me dirty look.

Officer Nibbles: "Alright, what do you two have hiding in here."
>>
No. 848270 ID: 3d2d5f

Lime bars, a variety of chocolates, and home made sugar cookies?
>>
No. 848271 ID: 91ee5f

>>848267
Ask her what she smells. If she tells you it's drugs or something, then you can tell her about the rude asshole that was in here earlier and she's probably smelling him.....or his cigarette that he so rudely smashed on the counter.

And if she asks you about something else in the store that smells weird, and only when she asks, that's when you can tell her that you have no idea what she's talking about because you just barley got into town yesterday and today is literally your first day on the job.

.....also, please don't let her take us away.
>>
No. 848272 ID: ab961f

Let Sharcole handle this, this can't be the first time this has happened.
>>
No. 848478 ID: 15a025
File 151192780710.png - (5.31KB , 800x600 , 42.png )
848478

>Ask her what she smells.
Candy: "Why, what do you smell?"

Officer Nibbles: "Cigarette smoke, alcohol, and drugs."

Candy: "Probably smelling the smoke from some jerk that was just in here not too long ago. First thing he did was smash it on the counter and rubbed it out."

Officer: "So what about the other stuff?"

>Let Sharcole handle this, this can't be the first time this has happened.
I step aside and let Sharcole talk to her.

Sharcole: "You're probably smelling our Ebony Thunder Shots. They're chocolates with small shots of alcohol in them."

She grabs a stool and gets a box of the shelf for Officer Nibbles to smell.
>>
No. 848479 ID: 15a025
File 151192785835.png - (5.08KB , 800x600 , 43.png )
848479

Officer Nibbles: "Alright, I'll let you off the hook for now. But I'm going to need a bag of taffy to keep me quiet. And some help carrying it out."

As Sharcole rushes off to go grab a bag, Officer Nibbles slips me a ticket.

Officer Nibbles: "Don't freak out, it's just a note. Out of notebook paper. Read it later."
>>
No. 848480 ID: 15a025
File 151192790038.png - (5.24KB , 800x600 , 44.png )
848480

Sharcole comes back with a bag of taffy and rings her up.

Officer Nibbles: "So which one of you is going to help me carry this out to the car?"

Sharcole: "I'll help you out!"

While they're out, I try to read her note but it's too small for me to even see! I'll have to pull out a magnifying glass to read this.
>>
No. 848481 ID: 15a025
File 151192796315.png - (5.31KB , 800x600 , 45.png )
848481

After Officer Nibbles leaves, the store is dead for the rest of the day, until Marsh comes to pick us up.

Marsh: "Hey, Sharcole wake up! Time to close up shop and talk."

Sharcole: "Huh? Time to go home already?"

Marsh: "Yeah, and quick. Saw some creeps walking around outside. I want to get going before-"

A high pitched scream echoes outside.

Marsh: "Something happens."
>>
No. 848482 ID: 15a025
File 151192798702.png - (5.55KB , 800x600 , 46.png )
848482

Then someone comes up to the door and starts frantically knocking.

???: "No, no! Please open up! Hurry!"
>>
No. 848484 ID: 3ce125

>>848482
Great, it's probably another Chimera attack. You should let them in and shut the door behind them quickly. Ask Marsh to keep an eye on the person.
>>
No. 848485 ID: 91ee5f

>>848480
>While they're out, I try to read her note but it's too small for me to even see! I'll have to pull out a magnifying glass to read this.
Ha! I knew that was gonna happen! XD

>>848484
Agreed. Especially keep an eye on them in case they're faking being in trouble.
>>
No. 848509 ID: 094652

She might be in on it, so let her in but restrain her until she calms down. Or turns into a big scary punchable monster. Whatever.
>>
No. 848533 ID: 3d2d5f

We're a tiny earring, maybe we could read the tiny note if you held it up to us? Later though, immediate crisis takes priority.

Quickly go up to the door while asking "is this normal?" of the others. Depending on what you see and how they respond dictate your actions. We need to determine fast if this is a ploy to gain entrance or if the girl is in legitimate trouble.
>>
No. 848635 ID: 15a025
File 151199311247.png - (6.27KB , 800x600 , 47.png )
848635

>Quickly go up to the door while asking "is this normal?" of the others. Depending on what you see and how they respond dictate your actions. We need to determine fast if this is a ploy to gain entrance or if the girl is in legitimate trouble.

>Ask Marsh to keep an eye on the person.

I make my way over to the door, but ask the others real quick.

Candy: "Is this something that normally goes on?"

Marsh: "Yeah lot of creepy trouble goes on at night, now let in her!"
>>
No. 848636 ID: 15a025
File 151199315266.png - (6.29KB , 800x600 , 48.png )
848636

I open up the door and lock it back up after she's in. Marsh plays it double safe and puts a oddly shaped block of wood in-between the door handles as well.
>>
No. 848637 ID: 15a025
File 151199319584.png - (6.36KB , 800x600 , 49.png )
848637

I hear the strange fox gasping trying to get her breath back.
???: "T..thanks."

Marsh: "Yeah don't relax just yet. What were you doing out in the streets at this time of night?"

???: "I was trying to get some... some medicine."

Marsh: "From where? Only place close by is the mall, and I don't think there's a pharmacy there."

???: "There isn't. I heard there was a group selling some cheaper knock offs of the sleeping pills I need, and well. That didn't go so well."

Marsh: "Yeah you don't say. So what happened out there, you alright?"

???: "I'm fine, just a little bruised. When I went to give them my money, one of them knocked me down and ran off with it. The other pulled out a knife and came after me!"
>>
No. 848641 ID: 3ce125

Well that sucks. Is she gonna call the police now?
>>
No. 848652 ID: 91ee5f

>>848641
Yeah, ask if she's gonna call the cops.
>>
No. 848672 ID: 3abd97

>>848652
Asking is the right call, since she might not want to get them involved if she was buying drugs.

If we wants the cops, we can wait with her for them to get here. If she doesn't... can we all leave out the back together? Probably safer to move in a group, walk her home or to her car.
>>
No. 848679 ID: 15a025
File 151200506081.png - (6.41KB , 800x600 , 50.png )
848679

>Well that sucks. Is she gonna call the police now?
>Yeah, ask if she's gonna call the cops.
>Asking is the right call, since she might not want to get them involved if she was buying drugs.
Candy: "You plan on calling the cops?"

???: "I'm not so sure. I might end up getting in trouble myself for trying to buy knock off medicine. Do you have a phone here anyway?"

Sharcole: "We don't have a phone in the store. I think there's a phone booth across the street though?"

???: "Well, I'm not going out there to look for it. It'd be my luck they'd kill me before I find it!"

>If she doesn't... can we all leave out the back together? Probably safer to move in a group, walk her home or to her car.
Candy: "Is there a back exit we could go out of Sharcole?"

Sharcole: "No, just the front door."

Marsh: "My car is parked pretty close by but I'm not sure if heading out now is a good idea or bad."

Candy: "Why's that?"

Marsh: "Fog outside isn't making it easy, but I there's someone standing by the street lamp across the road walking around."
>>
No. 848687 ID: 91ee5f

>>848679
>We don't have a phone in the store.
Besides any cellphones that is. Someone here has gotta have a cellphone, right?

>I think there's a phone booth across the street though?
Does that outdated ancient piece of technology even still work?!

>Fog
Is it normal for fog to just show up outta nowhere like this?

>Person across the street.
Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that person look a little purple to anyone? I hope not because the color purple is usually followed by those terrorists and/or chimeras! And we don't have any light magic with us to fend them off!

I hope I'm just being paranoid!
>>
No. 848742 ID: 7b65b9

If the streets are this bad at night, why do you guys even stay open this long?
I say turn off all the lights and make it look like no one is there, then head out when you think the coast is clear.
>>
No. 848806 ID: 3ce125

...there's always the option of staying in the store overnight.
>>
No. 849114 ID: 15a025
File 151216925531.png - (6.41KB , 800x600 , 51.png )
849114

>Someone here has gotta have a cellphone, right?
Candy: "Neither of you got a cellphone?"

Marsh: "No, your tight wad sister is too cheap to get anyone else one right now. Can't entirely blame her though. Those things are expensive!"

>Does that outdated ancient piece of technology even still work?!
Phone booths and pay phones are actually still pretty common around here. Phone companies in just about every area want just about an arm and a leg for anything, probably even more in city like this.

>Is it normal for fog to just show up outta nowhere like this?
Candy: "Marsh, does it usually get foggy like this out?"

Marsh: "No, I haven't seen it suddenly get foggy like this before."

>If the streets are this bad at night, why do you guys even stay open this long?
Candy: "So, why does the store still stay open when the streets get bad like this regularly?"

Marsh: "For uh...those crazy back room sales."

>I say turn off all the lights and make it look like no one is there, then head out when you think the coast is clear.
Candy: "Alright, can someone kill the lights? If anything it'll make it harder to see us in here from the outside."

Sharcole shuts the lights off and joins us all over by the door.
>>
No. 849115 ID: 15a025
File 151216931975.png - (6.44KB , 800x600 , 52.png )
849115

After waiting around to see if they go away, Marsh speaks up.

Marsh: "Not looking good out there Candy. It's hard to see, but I think two more showed up out there, and one of'em is crossing the road now."

Candy: "That's great, now what are we going to do?"

Marsh: "I can't think of much other than booking it for the car. I think if we're quick enough we could high tail it out of here. How about you, got any other ideas?"

>..there's always the option of staying in the store overnight.
Candy: "We could stay here overnight?"

Marsh: "Probably not a good idea to stay here all night. I've got the door locked and boarded shut there, but that's not going to do much if someone decides to open fire on the glass door."
>>
No. 849183 ID: 91ee5f

>>849115
If you're gonna make a run for it, then you guys better have weapons ready to fend off anyone that gets too close!
>>
No. 849259 ID: 5760ba

Tell Marsh if they got guns, we'd be in trouble either way. Her car doesn't have a roof or any windows.

We shouldn't stick around here though. If there's more of them coming, they might all try and come, and possibly outnumber us all.
>>
No. 849285 ID: 3abd97

There's gotta be a back door for deliveries and stuff. Stores never only have a front door. I'm pretty sure Sharcole was lying, and it's more they don't want to let anyone in the back room.

>what do
Staying here all night is ridiculous. Either we gotta take charge and leave through the back, or the front, before things get worse.
>>
No. 849421 ID: de6d84

Definitely leave the store. Are there any windows or other ways to check the back's outside view?
>>
No. 849462 ID: 15a025
File 151228282113.png - (6.67KB , 800x600 , 53.png )
849462

>If you're gonna make a run for it, then you guys better have weapons ready to fend off anyone that gets too close!
I've got my pocket knife still, it's not much but it's still something.

>We shouldn't stick around here though. If there's more of them coming, they might all try and come, and possibly outnumber us all.
>Staying here all night is ridiculous. Either we gotta take charge and leave through the back, or the front, before things get worse.
Candy: "Alright let's make a run for it then!"

Marsh pulls the block of wood out from the door and chucks it across the room.

Marsh: "Go!"
>>
No. 849463 ID: 15a025
File 151228287871.png - (5.34KB , 800x600 , 54.png )
849463

As we rush out the door and hop into Marsh's car, I can hear some muffled shouting come from the robed figures as they run towards us!

Marsh: "Hope everyone's buckled in cause it might get bumpy!"

The car's tires let out a nice loud squeal and the engine roar as Marsh speeds out on to the street and ends up hitting one of the robed people. Somehow they end up on the front of the car!
>>
No. 849464 ID: 3ce125

Get some distance from the other robed dudes then slam the brakes to throw him off.
>>
No. 849465 ID: 91ee5f

>>849464
I agree. Get far away from the other guys, then slam on the brakes to throw this guy off!
>>
No. 849539 ID: 094652

Ram the car into a wall! I want cultist panini by Tuesday!
>>
No. 849553 ID: 68550e

Swerve the car around, maybe over a sign to get them off!
>>
No. 849872 ID: 15a025
File 151244655765.png - (4.61KB , 800x600 , 55.png )
849872

>Get some distance from the other robed dudes then slam the brakes to throw him off.
>I agree. Get far away from the other guys, then slam on the brakes to throw this guy off!
Candy: "I got a plan. Marsh slam the gas and get this beast roaring down the road!"

I hear the engine flare up as Marsh speeds down the road.

Marsh: "He's still on my hood Candy!"

Candy: "Slam the breaks!"
>>
No. 849873 ID: 15a025
File 151244658666.png - (4.40KB , 800x600 , 56.png )
849873

The tires screech and squeal as car quickly slows down and comes to a stop, flinging the cultist off Marsh's hood and onto the road.
>>
No. 849874 ID: 15a025
File 151244668224.png - (4.43KB , 800x600 , 57.png )
849874

Before I can even think, Marsh slams on the gas again almost immediately. The car bounces up a bit as we take off, everyone's pretty silent till we get on the highway.

Marsh: "So, fox lady. Where we taking you to?"

???: "Huh?"

Marsh: "Where do you want us to take you?

???: "I oh... Could you just drop me off at the mall?"

Marsh: "Why the mall? You know what, never mind. I need to make a trip there anyway."
>>
No. 849875 ID: 15a025
File 151244673067.png - (5.95KB , 800x600 , 58.png )
849875

When we get to the mall, we all end up walking over to that cafe Marsh likes.

Marsh: "You like going to this cafe too?"

Vienna: "I'd hope she does, she works here after all. You're- hey something happen? You look a little down Ocha?"
>>
No. 849877 ID: 3ce125

>>849874
Damn she just stone cold ran over that dude. Thankfully the cultists can't exactly go to the cops about it. ...unfortunately that also means you might have issues if you try telling the cops. It's like this whole scenario is engineered to keep you from getting the police involved!
Hmm, was that more purple shit on the car? Did he have some sort of weapon? Marsh might be still be okay legally if we can argue that they weren't human and were trying to kill you all.

>>849875
If she hesitates, cover for her. Tell Vienna some weird guys in purple robes mugged her outside your shop.
>>
No. 849886 ID: 91ee5f

>>849874
>Marsh ran him over.
Damn! To be honest, I was gonna say Marsh should do that, but I was sure on how comfortable Candy would've been saying that out loud. Good thing Marsh did it anyways!

>"I'd hope she does, she works here after all. You're- hey something happen? You look a little down Ocha?"
If Ocha hesitates in saying something, jump in and say that as you were closing the Candy Shop, Ocha ran in saying that some assholes mugged her for her money and then tried to kill her.
>>
No. 849899 ID: 3abd97

Poor Fox. I mean people tried to attack her, then she watched Marsh basically murder one with the car. And she's probably affected by not having whatever drugs she was trying to buy on the street.
>>
No. 850035 ID: de6d84

"Cultists happened."
>>
No. 850143 ID: 15a025
File 151260555814.png - (6.00KB , 800x600 , 59.png )
850143

>Damn she just stone cold ran over that dude. Thankfully the cultists can't exactly go to the cops about it.
I'm worried about what they might try to do about it though. Cops might be out of the question for them, but what is?

>Hmm, was that more purple shit on the car? Did he have some sort of weapon?
The stuff on the car was blood. It kind of looked like they had a knife in their hand before Marsh slammed the breaks.

>If she hesitates, cover for her. Tell Vienna some weird guys in purple robes mugged her outside your shop

>If Ocha hesitates in saying something, jump in and say that as you were closing the Candy Shop, Ocha ran in saying that some assholes mugged her for her money and then tried to kill her
She kind of just stands there scratching her arm.

Vienna: "Ocha?"

Candy: "We ran into her while we were closing up our store for the night and saw someone trying to rob her."
Vienna: "That sounds horrifying! Are all of you alright?"

Ocha: "Yeah."

We all stand around in an awkward silence for a couple moments until Vienna speaks up.

Vienna: "Would you like to come in for a few drinks? If you promise to not say anything, I'll let you slip in for free for helping Ocha."

Marsh: "That's what part of why I'm here. The whole having some drinks thing that is."

Vienna lets a little laugh and walks over to our table. It ends up being the same one we sat at yesterday.
>>
No. 850144 ID: 15a025
File 151260572214.png - (5.50KB , 800x600 , 60.png )
850144

Vienna: "Sorry we don't have anyone performing tonight. We were supposed to have William 'Jazz' Whiskerlips on stage again tonight but he canceled on us last minute."

Marsh: "Dang, his music last night was pretty good too. So are you going to break out the jukebox and get something playing in here or?"

Vienna: "Jukebox is still in the repair shop."

Marsh: "Man, no music tonight then? That stinks."

Vienna: "So what can we get you three to drink?"

Ocha: Actually Vienna, could I talk to you in the break room for a little bit?"

Vienna: "Yeah, let me just get their orders down first."

Marsh: "I'll take chocolate cappuccino."

Sharcole: "I'll have a some green tea please."

Candy: "You have any hot chocolate here?"

Vienna: "Normally yes, but we're all out. The police station bought out almost all cocoa powder from everywhere in town. Apparently there doing something this weekend and need a lot of it?"

Candy: "Alright, I'll just have some peppermint tea then."

Vienna: "Alright, I'll be back with your drinks in few. Ocha, can you wait in the break room for me?"
She doesn't say anything and just walks off with Vienna.
>>
No. 850145 ID: 15a025
File 151260577053.png - (5.06KB , 800x600 , 61.png )
850145

Sharcole: "I can't believe you ran him over like that Marsh."

I hear Marsh let out a sigh.
Marsh: "Come on, don't give me that Sharcole."

Sharcole: "Did you even think about it?"

I see Marsh go to slam the table, but watch her hold back. I can hear her try to hold her voice from yelling as she replies to Sharcole, but lets a little growl slip out here and there.

Marsh: "All I needed to think about was keeping you all safe. When I saw him on the road flashing those purple lights, I did what I felt had to be done to keep things that way."
>>
No. 850146 ID: 3ce125

Purple lights? We didn't see that. Well, chances are what Marsh ran over was a Chimera anyway because of the purple blood. So they're fine.
>>
No. 850316 ID: 91ee5f

What purple lights?
>>
No. 850330 ID: de6d84

Did Marsh get caught under an illusion or something? Pinch Marsh.
>>
No. 850338 ID: e6994f

Have Marsh describe what they saw and then what you saw. See if there is anything different from what you saw.
>>
No. 850584 ID: 3abd97

>Thankfully the cultists can't exactly go to the cops about it.
If the cops find a dead body in the street they're going to be looking into it regardless, and running someone over tends to leave physical evidence. Like, you know, the blood on the hood of the car you left parked outside.

You can make a case for self defense that has a reasonable chance of holding up, but if you'd prefer the cops didn't know about that act of vehicular assault at all, uh, you haven't exactly covered it up.
>>
No. 850628 ID: 15a025
File 151286516396.png - (5.43KB , 800x600 , 62.png )
850628

>Purple lights?
>What purple lights?
>Did Marsh get caught under an illusion or something?
>Have Marsh describe what they saw and then what you saw. See if there is anything different from what you saw

I saw them holding some bright purple things myself? I didn't really get a chance to think about it much since Marsh drove off almost instantly. I'll ask and hear what she saw.

Candy: "Define 'purple lights' for me Marsh?"

Marsh: "How can I be anymore clearer than that? I saw them holding something and shining purple lights at us. Thought it was one of those lights people use to aim guns with."

Candy: "Were they beams of light or-?"

Marsh: "I don't know! I was more focused on getting out of there. Guess next time I'll just, never mind."

Candy: "No it's fine, I'm just trying to figure out what that could have been in case they come for us."

Marsh: "Probably nothing good. We'll talk about it later. Vienna's coming back with our drinks."
>>
No. 850629 ID: 15a025
File 151286521839.png - (5.71KB , 800x600 , 63.png )
850629

Vienna: "Here's everyone's drinks! Sorry it took a bit. I'm going to be leaving early here to take Ocha home."

Marsh: "Ah what? You're like the only person here though Vienna!"

Vienna: "Manager is taking over for me. They're not too happy about it either but kind of understand."

Marsh: "Alright goodnight you two!"

Vienna: "Goodnight!"
>>
No. 850631 ID: 15a025
File 151286533167.png - (5.26KB , 800x600 , 64.png )
850631

We take a few sips from our drinks and enjoy the peace for a bit.
>If the cops find a dead body in the street they're going to be looking into it regardless, and running someone over tends to leave physical evidence. Like, you know, the blood on the hood of the car you left parked outside.

>You can make a case for self defense that has a reasonable chance of holding up, but if you'd prefer the cops didn't know about that act of vehicular assault at all, uh, you haven't exactly covered it up.
Candy: "Hey Marsh, I just realized something."

Marsh: "What's that?"

Candy: "We forgot to wash your car."

Marsh: "Forgot to wash my car? You telling me my car's filthy!"

Candy: "No, it's not filthy. You just spilled that paint on it after work though. Don't you think it'd be a good idea to wash it off before people start asking questions?"

Marsh: "Did you sneak into that back room and have a few smokes or something cause I have no-"

She lets out a panicked howl

Marsh: "I forgot to wash the car and left it looking like that in the parking lot."

Sharcole: "Marsh, tone it down please. The whole mall could have probably heard that."

Marsh: "Sorry. Still, we gotta get out of here and get that thing washed quick! Problem is, how? It's freezing cold out and the car wash in town here is closed by now."

Candy: "Just take it home and break out the hose?"

Marsh: "We don't have a hose at the mansion. We barely even have a bathroom there. Besides, it's freezing outside!"
>>
No. 850869 ID: de6d84

Maybe put some snow on the car and have the car turned on to heat it all up and wash with that
>>
No. 850873 ID: 91ee5f

>>850631
>Marsh not getting the hint.
Geez, Marsh, Candy's trying to tell you about the blood on your car! People are gonna see-

>She lets out a panicked howl
GAH!!! MY NONEXISTENT EARS!!! DX

>How to clean car?
Why don't you use snow? It's everywhere and if you melt it, it'll be water for washing the car!

But before you wash it off, take a good look at the color of the blood. Because if it's a weird purple color, then something's not right.
>>
No. 850889 ID: 3ce125

Why would you need snow? You've got bathrooms available. Just get some rags to wipe it off and a bucket.
>>
No. 850962 ID: e6994f

Is there a store that sells paint that's open?
It would be much, but could work as a last resort.
>>
No. 851249 ID: 5760ba

Tell Marsh to wake up and smell her coffee here. All you need is a damp rag to wipe it off.
>>
No. 851318 ID: 91ee5f

>>851249
Marsh is awake. Sharcole is the one that's half asleep.
>>
No. 851872 ID: c9f5a7

>>850889
Bathroom utilities could work, yeah.
>>
No. 852751 ID: 15a025
File 151372215897.png - (5.32KB , 800x600 , 65.png )
852751

>Maybe put some snow on the car and have the car turned on to heat it all up and wash with that
That could work.

>Why would you need snow? You've got bathrooms available. Just get some rags to wipe it off and a bucket.
Good point. It'd be a little easier and take less time as well.

Candy: "Alright how about this? We go buy some rags and a bucket from a store real quick and wipe it down that way."

Marsh: "If we're just wiping it down, why do we need the bucket?"

Candy: "To carry warm water with. We're going to need to get the rags wet."

Marsh: "Ok, then where do we get the water?"

Candy: "The bathroom?"

Marsh: "Oh. Alright, let's finish up our drinks and get this taken care of."

Marsh takes the lid and straw off of her cappuccino and chugs it down. While I'm finishing my peppermint tea, Marsh goes to pay the bill and heads out to get our supplies.
>>
No. 852752 ID: 15a025
File 151372221029.png - (5.19KB , 800x600 , 66.png )
852752

We end up meeting her back at the car in the parking lot and get ready to start scrubbing.

>before you wash it off, take a good look at the color of the blood. Because if it's a weird purple color, then something's not right.
I look at the blood on Marsh's car and feel a little relived to confirm it's red. With that out of the way, we start scrubbing it down.

Marsh: "You know, my car isn't the only thing here that needs washing."

Candy: "Yeah no kidding. You got an extra rag I could use to wipe my face with?"

Marsh: "Just the two. Should have thought of that before we started. Maybe we can get Sharcole to sneak us in her apartment and use her shower?"

Sharcole: "Sugar still hasn't gotten hers fixed?"

Marsh: "I wish. Getting tired of walking out in the freezing cold to an outhouse."

Sharcole: "Yeah I guess. Try not to use up too much water though."

Marsh: "Yeah sure, no problem"

Sharcole: "Also try and behave your-"

Marsh: "Yeah yeah I know."
>>
No. 852753 ID: 15a025
File 151372225983.png - (5.01KB , 800x600 , 67.png )
852753

After we finish scrubbing down car, we hop in and drive over to Sharcole's place.

Sharcole opens up the door and bleats in shock when she see's someone standing in the entrance.

???: "Home late again, and you brought her over too..."

Marsh: "You say something?"

Sharcole: "Marsh..."

???: "And who's this other stranger you're hauling in here?"
>>
No. 852762 ID: 3abd97

Sibling or parent? Pretty clearly a relative, guessing an older one from the tone of disapproval, and the droopier ears.

>???: "Home late again, and you brought her over too..."
Wow disproving of sheep / wolf relations how racist.

>???: "And who's this other stranger you're hauling in here?"
Introduce yourself politely and cheerfully, ignoring her attitude, offer hand to shake.

"Hello there, I'm Candy. I've been helping Sharcole at the shop."
>>
No. 852954 ID: c9f5a7

"Oh, just an assistant with Sharcole.
How are you this evening?"
>>
No. 852973 ID: de6d84

>>852762
This, with the evening response.
>>
No. 853236 ID: 15a025
File 151390784606.png - (5.06KB , 800x600 , 68.png )
853236

>Introduce yourself politely and cheerfully, ignoring their attitude, offer hand to shake.
Candy: "My names Candy. I help Sharcole over at the candy store. How are you this evening?"

???: "Was doing fine. So what are these two here for?"

Sharcole: "They're here to use our shower."

???: "Cold water, five minutes each. Make it snappy."
>>
No. 853237 ID: 15a025
File 151390788880.png - (5.14KB , 800x600 , 69.png )
853237

Sharcole brings us into her apartment as Marsh runs off to the bathroom.
Marsh: "I'll go first since I'm pretty quick in the shower. Is that okay?"

Candy: "Yeah I'm fine with that."

While Marsh is in the shower, we sit down on the couch and talk a bit.
Candy: "So Sharcole, are you going to introduce me to your friend?"

Sharcole: "Oh yeah, this is just my room-"

???: "I'm her boyfriend, Kyle."

Candy: "Well nice to meet you."

He shoots me a death glare

Kyle: "So, you said you're her helper at work?"

Candy: "Yeah?"

Kyle: "Then why is she coming home so late tonight?"
>>
No. 853238 ID: 3ce125

Tell him someone got assaulted right outside the store and you all decided to give them a ride to the mall so that they wouldn't have to worry about the thugs. Then you spent some time at the mall.
>>
No. 853266 ID: 91ee5f

>>853237
Because Sharcole was busy helping me and Marsh save someone's life from a bunch of guys that were trying to rob and stab them in front of our store while we were closing the shop.
>>
No. 853316 ID: 3abd97

>roommate
>boyfriend
Well it doesn't bode well for their relationship if they disagree about basic labels like that. He wants to be more than she wants him to be.

>what happened
There was a woman in distress right as we closed up shop. We gave her a ride.
>>
No. 854839 ID: 15a025
File 151468579083.png - (5.61KB , 800x600 , 70.png )
854839

>Tell him someone got assaulted right outside the store and you all decided to give them a ride to the mall so that they wouldn't have to worry about the thugs.
>There was a woman in distress right as we closed up shop. We gave her a ride.

Candy: "Someone was getting roughed up by a couple of jerks outside while we were closing up shop. She came running in and we decided to give her a ride to the mall. Then Marsh was nice to treat us to some drinks at the cafe there."

He gives the stink eye again and looks like he's about to start something, but just turns around over to Sharcole.

Kyle: "Yeah well, call and tell me you're going to be late next time something happens. Better yet, don't be late."

We sit in awkward silence for a bit till Marsh comes out of the shower.

Marsh: "See, told ya I'd be quick. All yours dusty face."

She tosses me a dry towel and points to where the bathroom is for me.
>>
No. 854841 ID: 15a025
File 151468585969.png - (5.44KB , 800x600 , 71.png )
854841

I head into the bathroom and see it's kind of gross? Doesn't look like it's been cleaned in awhile. Guess it beats diving into a snow bank, but still.

Before I slip into the shower, I'm taking you earring ghosts off for a second. A few moments of privacy would be nice.
>>
No. 854842 ID: 15a025
File 151468589598.png - (5.63KB , 800x600 , 72.png )
854842

Or at least it would if the shower worked! It won't turn on!
>>
No. 854845 ID: 094652

Okay. Deep breaths.

Get a bucket, make sure the faucet works.

Oh, and make sure you get ALL your fapping done while you're not wearing the earring.
>>
No. 854846 ID: 91ee5f

>>854842
Didn't Marsh just come out of there? Feel around the tub to see if it's wet.

If it wet, then you might want to go let them know that the shower isn't working!

.....unless this crappy apartment has some weird trick to turn on the shower, like you've gotta turn on the sink first before the water can start coming outta the shower? Maybe you should just go ask Sharcole/Kyle/Marsh about it?

Also, please don't drop us in the bathtub! Or the sink! Or the toilet! If we go down a drain, you'll never be able to find us!
>>
No. 854874 ID: b1b4f3

>>854842
Ask marsh how she used the shower.
>>
No. 855016 ID: 7b3ff7

Hopefully it's not too cold or something outside that the pipes immediately froze.
There isn't some limited water use is there?
>>
No. 855283 ID: 3abd97

Was Marsh wet?

The easiest thing to do is the embarrassing thing. Stick your head out and ask for help.

"Um I feel a little silly asking but how do you get this shower to turn on?"
>>
No. 855713 ID: 15a025
File 151495236943.png - (5.53KB , 800x600 , 73.png )
855713

>Didn't Marsh just come out of there? Feel around the tub to see if it's wet.
It's wet, as well as the floor around the tub...

>unless this crappy apartment has some weird trick to turn on the shower, like you've gotta turn on the sink first before the water can start coming outta the shower?

I go back by the sink and try to turn it on...
>>
No. 855714 ID: 15a025
File 151495241188.gif - (31.16KB , 800x600 , 74.gif )
855714

Candy: "Seriously! What is with this day!"
>>
No. 855715 ID: 15a025
File 151495249618.png - (5.58KB , 800x600 , 75.png )
855715

>Maybe you should just go ask Sharcole/Kyle/Marsh about it?
>Ask marsh how she used the shower.
I storm out of the bathroom.

Candy: " I can't get the shower running, and your sink just blasted me in the face."

Kyle: "So you thought it'd be a good to come out here dripping wet and ruin the floor?"

Whops...

He lets out an annoyed sigh.

Kyle: "I swear if you two did something to our bathroom..."

He stomps off into the bathroom for a moment, and by the sounds of it, gets shower running?

Kyle: "Time's ticking against you here. Get in and make it quick."
>>
No. 855716 ID: 15a025
File 151495257950.gif - (30.38KB , 800x600 , 76.gif )
855716

I hurry in there before the water goes out again, and set you spooks on the sink counter. I'll try to make it quick!
>>
No. 855717 ID: 15a025
File 151495262459.png - (5.75KB , 800x600 , 77.png )
855717

Cold shower was an understatement! It probably would have been warmer to dive in a snow bank! I try to dry off quickly and warm up a bit before heading back into the living room with everyone.
>>
No. 855718 ID: 15a025
File 151495268168.png - (5.59KB , 800x600 , 78.png )
855718

Candy: "Alright Marsh, I'm all-"

Kyle: "Shh! Trying to hear the news!"

Everyone's sitting on the couch listening to the radio.

News Reporter: -street, it's the eight day of the rampant protests over the new church being built. As it nears its completion, the local authorities have been called in to keep watch and be on the ready should violence arise before opening its doors this weekend."

Kyle: "Yeah, just what we need around this place. Great use of our tax mon-"
>>
No. 855719 ID: 15a025
File 151495275227.png - (5.62KB , 800x600 , 79.png )
855719

News Reporter: "Local authorities also have blocked off a section in downtown's business street tonight-"

Kyle: "Isn't that over by where you work?

Marsh: "Yeah, now you shut it so we can hear what's going on!"

News Reporter: "-ious hit and run incident. When police showed up, no body or vehicles were found at the reported scene. Until the police are able to ID the victim or the driver using the blood samples found on the streets, not much is known."

Kyle: "I don't suppose that has anything to do with those 'jerks' you mentioned running into, does it?"
>>
No. 855724 ID: 3ce125

>>855719
Jeez they must've run someone over! The maniacs!
>>
No. 855728 ID: 91ee5f

>>855719
>ID the victim or the driver using the blood samples found on the streets
How are they supposed to be able to ID the driver from the blood in the street? That doesn't make any sense!

>>855724
I agree! Those bastards!
>>
No. 855733 ID: 3abd97

>>855717
At least you figured out how to turn the shower back off on your own!

>>855719
I hope not! That's terrible.
>>
No. 856799 ID: 15a025
File 151535059950.png - (5.63KB , 800x600 , 80.png )
856799

>How are they supposed to be able to ID the driver from the blood in the street? That doesn't make any sense!

The reporter might have got mixed up or miss spoke there? If it wasn't them goofing up, then I'm not sure how either?

>Jeez they must've run someone over! The maniacs!
>I hope not! That's terrible.
>I agree! Those bastards!
Candy: "I'd hope not, that'd be horrible!"

Marsh: "Yeah it better not be them. If is, the cops won't be their only problem then."

Kyle: "Well... it's getting late. I think-"

Marsh: "Yeah, yeah, I get it. You ready Candy?"

Candy: "Yup."
>>
No. 856800 ID: 15a025
File 151535063270.gif - (157.25KB , 800x600 , 81.gif )
856800

Kyle walks the two of us out of their apartment room, and slams the door shut.

Marsh: "Yeah, you too!"
>>
No. 856801 ID: 15a025
File 151535066344.png - (4.31KB , 800x600 , 82.png )
856801

I hear Marsh slip out a few confused and disgruntled sounding snarls as we walk down the hall.

Candy: "You alright there Marsh?"

Marsh: "Yeah I'm fine.Just having hard time managing some stuff. Speaking of...stuff. I'm debating on if it's a good idea to go running back to some stores in town or at the mall. Almost forgot Sugar wanted me to get some prices on a couple of tools at the hardware stores. I also wanted to check out the video store today. Don't suppose you'd mind tagging along, would you? Otherwise I have to drive you all the way back to the mansion, and then drive back into town."
>>
No. 856804 ID: 3abd97

>>856801
It's probably safer not to be alone with everything that's going on, too. Sure, I'll stick with you.
>>
No. 856806 ID: 91ee5f

>>856801
You might as well tag along with her. That way when we go home, she won't have to come back out by herself.

While we're driving, you might as well tell her about your day and what happened. Including that one asshole that wanted something out of the back room and how you were surprised to run into your old friend Officer Nibbles. And it's only polite to ask Marsh how her day has been also.

.....and while you're in the stores with Marsh, keep an eye out for a compressed air can, to clean Marsh's computer, and a magnifying glass so that you can read that note that Officer Nibbles gave you. Don't mention to Marsh about getting that note, it's meant for you to read.
>>
No. 858090 ID: 15a025
File 151579890441.png - (4.40KB , 800x600 , 83.png )
858090

>You might as well tag along with her. That way when we go home, she won't have to come back out by herself.
>It's probably safer not to be alone with everything that's going on, too

Candy: "Sure, I don't mind coming with. Probably better to go together anyway."

That seems to perk Marsh up a bit.

Marsh: "Alright, let's head on out then!"
>>
No. 858091 ID: 15a025
File 151579903097.png - (4.74KB , 800x600 , 84.png )
858091

>While we're driving, you might as well tell her about your day and what happened.
After we get out of the apartment complex, we start talking about how our jobs went today.

Candy: "Other than running into this one jerk and the cops, it was pretty dead at the candy store today."

Marsh: "Yeah, I heard a couple people at the bar mention they saw a cop car over there today. The hell happen?"

Candy: "Nothing really. One of my officer buddies just came in to grab some taffy."

Marsh: "Hold on here. You're buddies with the fuzz?"

Candy: "Not really. I just know Officer Nibbles."

Marsh: "I'd probably keep that a secret from Sugar anyway. What about this jerk you mentioned?"

Candy: "Just some jerk who wanted to get in the back room for his friend's 'present'."

>ask Marsh how her day has been also.
Candy: "So how'd your day go?"

Marsh: "Pretty busy. Had to break up a couple of bar fights. Sugar isn't going to like hearing we need to replace another table. I did hear some interesting rumors floating around though. Word has it the parks going to get blocked off for awhile."

Candy: "Why's that?"

Marsh: "Don't know, no-one else seemed to either. I'm wondering if it's related to what happened there last ni-ah sweet! I spy me some front row parking!"
>>
No. 858092 ID: 15a025
File 151579906421.png - (6.30KB , 800x600 , 85.png )
858092

Marsh parks the car, and we scramble our way into a hardware store.

>and while you're in the stores with Marsh, keep an eye out for a compressed air can, to clean Marsh's computer, and a magnifying glass so that you can read that note that Officer Nibbles.
Candy: "While we're here, don't forget to get a can of air so we can finish cleaning out that computer."

Marsh: "Long as it's cheap enough that I can afford it."

Candy: "I was also wondering if we could grab a magnifying glass."

Marsh: "I think Sugar might have one back at the mansion actually. If they're cheap I can get you one in case she doesn't. "
>>
No. 858093 ID: 15a025
File 151579910501.gif - (86.34KB , 800x600 , 86.gif )
858093

Marsh: "If only there was someone at this help desk we could ask such a thing!"

She starts slamming the bell!"

Candy: "Marsh cut it out, that's annoying!"
>>
No. 858094 ID: 15a025
File 151579918154.png - (6.52KB , 800x600 , 87.png )
858094

She keeps ringing it till someone scurries over to the help desk.

Employee: "Ah! S-sorry for the wait! We're having some problems in the back room but uh.. How can I help you today?"

Marsh: "Here to get some prices on a couple tools we need."

She pulls out a book from her wool?

Employee: "Oh...That's a lot of stuff. We're going to be closing up soon, is it possible you could come in tomorrow?"

Marsh: "How soon is soon?"

Employee: "In half an hour."

Marsh: "That's plenty of time. Could you also tell us where a thing of canned air is?"

Employee: "Canned air? Check Isle Five. I'll uh... try and some of those tools for you."
>>
No. 858095 ID: 15a025
File 151579921244.png - (6.49KB , 800x600 , 88.png )
858095

They run off, taking Marsh's book with them.

Marsh: "I'm going to go and grab that can of air while he checks on that stuff. Wait here in case someone tries and steals our spot in line."

And there goes Marsh too.
>>
No. 858096 ID: 15a025
File 151579932326.png - (6.55KB , 800x600 , 89.png )
858096

After standing around for what feels like forever, the two of them finally come back.

Marsh: "Sorry that took me so long. Would have been a lot quicker if he said which isle five the canned air was in."

Employee: "Alright, here's your book back miss. I filled in the prices by all the tools and supplies I could find for you. If that's all, I need to-"

Marsh: "Hang on now, I need to get some stuff off this list too."

Employee: "Wh...why didn't you tell me that before!"

Marsh: "Cause I needed to know how much this stuff costs."

Employee: "What do you need? If it's not much, I can probably run and grab it while I get the store ready for closing?"
Marsh: "Give me one second here."

She pulls off to the side and hands me the book.

Marsh: "Here's two hundred bucks I got from Sugar. I'm putting you in charge of tool buying duty."

Candy: "Marsh, I don't know anything about what she's using all these for! How am I supposed to know what she needs!"
She just slips the money into the book.

Employee: "I hate to rush, but I really do need to start getting ready to close up the store!"

Guess I don't really have time to argue with Marsh. I start skimming through the shopping list and notice we can't really afford much of anything here! It also looks like Sugar left some notes by each thing? They're kind vague though. I don't suppose a few of you earring ghosts were carpenters and could throw me some advice here?

Cordless Power Drill (Need to get those cupboards in some time) - $85
Portable Mini-Table Saw: $165
17 foot step Ladder (Be nice to reach those holes in the ceiling and patch'em up): $130
Sledgehammer (Walls): $24
Pipe Wrench: $15
Shower head (Still have no idea what happened to that): $23
Shower Curtains (Just get plane ones Marsh, nothing fancy) : $10
Light bulbs (We need a ton Marsh!) : $10 (Sold in packs of four)

*Prices are after taxes.
>>
No. 858102 ID: 3abd97

>I don't suppose a few of you earring ghosts were carpenters and could throw me some advice here?
No, but I picked some up from my dad.

>list
First up, if you're on a budget, no table saw. That only makes sense if you have a lot of wood to cut to length on a deadline, and you aren't buying a lot of wood tonight. Using a handsaw is slower and more effort, but also a lot cheaper. (Also no offense but I don't trust your sister with a table saw. Injuries are really easy with those if you're careless or stupid and she hasn't been very reliable since you got here).

The cordless drill is good and versatile and worth getting, at least if you get a good set of bits. (Although even if it's cordless you're going to need a place to charge it). If possible, get an extra battery so you have one to use and one backup charging. You probably need some screws too, but boxes of those are cheap.

Are the ceilings in the house actually 17' up? It didn't look it to me. Also would eat up most your budget, so pass on that. Might be possible to reach the holes from the floor above, or if they're small, to spread filler and then paint over them from below with tools on long handles.

Are the light bulbs incandescents, CFLs, or LED bulbs? (That's in order of increasing preference). Do we have any idea where these lights are going, because they come in a lots of shapes and sizes appropriate to different tasks. You could buy a few standard 60-watt equivalents and assume they'll fit something if she needs "a lot" but my gut reaction is it's a waste of time if she didn't write down a specific type and you haven't seen the ones you need to replace.

I'm not sure the shower head and curtain matter if you don't have water? Although maybe the problem is easily fixed with a wrench.

If we go drill, sledgehammer, wrench, shower head, curtains that's $157/200. Spend the excess on accessories for the drill (battery, bits, screws), some teflon tape for when you install the shower head (and work on other pipes), the canned air and... I guess some light-bulbs.
>>
No. 858116 ID: 91ee5f

>>858096
>"Here's two hundred bucks I got from Sugar. I'm putting you in charge of tool buying duty."
Wait, she's making you decide so that if Sugar gets mad, then you'll take the blame instead of her! Marsh, you asshole!

>Prices
Hey, wait, where's the canned air? What's the price of the canned air?!

>What to get?
This: >>858102 , sounds like a good list of things we can buy right now!
>>
No. 858456 ID: de6d84

>>858102
Solid shopping spending plan.
>>
No. 859810 ID: 15a025
File 151642959323.png - (4.60KB , 800x600 , 90.png )
859810

>Hey, wait, where's the canned air? What's the price of the canned air?!

Candy: "Marsh, what about the canned air?"

Marsh: "Don't worry I've got it covered."

>The cordless drill is good and versatile and worth getting, at least if you get a good set of bits. (Although even if it's cordless you're going to need a place to charge it). If possible, get an extra battery so you have one to use and one backup charging. You probably need some screws too, but boxes of those are cheap.

I'll add the cordless drill to our "buy list". If they're close by and we have some extra cash, I'll check into some extras to go with it.

>Are the ceilings in the house actually 17' up?
I'm not sure? I'd be more worried about the holes in the floor first myself.

>Are the light bulbs incandescents, CFLs, or LED bulbs? (That's in order of increasing preference). Do we have any idea where these lights are going, because they come in a lots of shapes and sizes appropriate to different tasks.
I've got no idea on either of those. I didn't even know there's more than one kind of light bulb?

>I'm not sure the shower head and curtain matter if you don't have water? Although maybe the problem is easily fixed with a wrench.
Guessing she wants them handy for when we do get the water fixed?

>If we go drill, sledgehammer, wrench, shower head, curtains that's $157/200. Spend the excess on accessories for the drill (battery, bits, screws), some teflon tape for when you install the shower head (and work on other pipes), the canned air and... I guess some light-bulbs.

I ask Marsh and the employee to go grab those while I go look at the drill accessories. I manage to just squeeze in an extra charger and bit set for forty dollars.
>>
No. 859811 ID: 15a025
File 151642963877.png - (6.57KB , 800x600 , 91.png )
859811

When they come back with everything, we get checked out at the help desk. Marsh ends up putting the left over three bucks towards getting the canned air.

Marsh: "Hey, don't look at me like that. It's her can of air, she can chip in three bucks to help pay for it."
>>
No. 859812 ID: 15a025
File 151642969098.png - (5.04KB , 800x600 , 92.png )
859812

After we pay for everything, we load up the back seats with everything and hit the road again.
>Wait, she's making you decide so that if Sugar gets mad, then you'll take the blame instead of her!
Candy: "Let me guess, you made me pick things out so if Sugar gets mad, I get the blame?"

Marsh: "Hey I might be a little sneaky, but I'm not that sneaky. I'm just tired from work and didn't really feel like trying to math everything out."

Candy: "So we heading to the movie store now?"

Marsh: "Nah, we got all these tools in the car now. Be our luck someone steals them all while we're in there."

Candy: "We could have put them in the trunk?"

Marsh: "No room. It's filled with junk."
>>
No. 859813 ID: 15a025
File 151642976961.png - (5.79KB , 800x600 , 93.png )
859813

The rest of the trip back home is a pretty quiet one. Marsh even had the radio turned off the whole time. I help her gather up all the tools and haul them in.
Marsh: "We're home!"

Marsh's voice just echoes through the mansion.
Marsh: "Are you home?!"

Her voice fills the emptiness in the mansion again.
Marsh: "Huh, usually she's home before me."

Candy: "Hope nothing happened to her. She ever come home late before?"

Marsh: "Yeah. She stays in town every now and then."

Candy: "Doing what?"

Marsh: "I don't know, getting wasted with her fancy friends or something."

Candy: "Wait, so are you saying she might not be back till the morning?"

Marsh: "I sure hope not. I don't know how I'd ever get anything done around here without hearing her constant yelling and complaining."

Candy: "Ouf, that sounds like an awful fate there Marsh. What are you going to do if she is gone all night?"

Marsh: "I don't know, I'm too overwhelmed at the thought of it right now."
>>
No. 859814 ID: 3ce125

If she's not here by morning I guess we'll have to go out and track down her last known location.
For now, lounge about.
>>
No. 859820 ID: 91ee5f

>>859813
Well, you are Sugar’s sister. I’m sure if you put enough effort into it, you could sound just like her when you yell at Marsh to do stuff! Ask Marsh if she wants you to be Sugar’s replacement for the night and if she wants you to yell at her? XD

Be seriously, let’s go put all this stuff away, give Marsh the canned air so she can get the rest of that dust out of her computer, and you go look for a magnifying glass so that you can read Officer Nibbles’ note.

Although, I’m kinda nervous about giving Marsh the canned air. On one hand, if we let her do it by herself, she might get frustrated and break something if it’s not working, but on the other hand, if you go with her, you might get more stuff blown in your face again!
>>
No. 859872 ID: 3abd97

>I didn't even know there's more than one kind of light bulb?
Incandescent are the kind that was first invented. There's a piece of wire inside a vacuum, and the light comes from the wire getting white hot when current is run across it. Problem is you're getting about 90% heat 10% light out for the energy you put in, so they're inefficient.

CFLs are compact florescent lights (so twisted up tubes of glass instead of the big long ones you see in the ceilings of places like schools and stores and offices). Basic idea is electricity is run through a gas in the tube, electrons are excited to higher energy states, and they emit light when they fall back down. More energy efficient than incandescent, and they last longer, but they contain mercury which makes clean up if you break one and disposal of old ones messier.

LED Lamps are packed with a bunch of light emitting diodes, which are what is used to make little lights on computers! Explaining how they work is a little harder since I'd have to explain semiconductors first, but they're much more energy efficient and long lasting.

...and then off course all of the above comes in different sizes, shapes, brightness, colors, and wattages for different applications.

>>859813
Oh look, there's the holes in the floor. If we wanna patch those, what we really need is lumber, not a table saw.

Although safety wise the first step is probably to cover them with plywood to prevent accidents. Followed later by ripping up and replacing the whole floor in this room.

>getting wasted with her fancy friends or something
Fancy friends?

>what do
Well put the tools away somewhere. Then it's a question of doing something productive (fixing the computer or something else), just hanging out (more movies), or going to sleep.

Oh wait there's also finding that magnifying glass that's supposed to be about to read Nibble's note.
>>
No. 860104 ID: 526564
860104

Lounge about with another film in the meantime if you got nothing else happening.
>>
No. 860612 ID: 15a025
File 151666612793.png - (5.71KB , 800x600 , 94.png )
860612

>Oh look, there's the holes in the floor. If we wanna patch those, what we really need is lumber, not a table saw.
Yeah, instead of worrying about holes in the ceiling she should be focused on the holes someone could actually fall in. As for lumber, she might have it already and just needs something to cut it all. Knowing her though, I doubt she'd have supplies ready ahead of time like that.

>>859872
>(Lightbulb facts)
If the incandescent bulbs are so bad, why do they even make them anymore? Those twisted up light bulbs sound kind of goofy looking. Be kind of need to see what those actually look like sometime.

>Well, you are Sugar’s sister. I’m sure if you put enough effort into it, you could sound just like her when you yell at Marsh to do stuff!
Candy: "Well, she is my sister. I'm sure I could do a half way decent impersonation of her if you want."

Marsh: "Nah, that' fine."

>Well put the tools away somewhere. Then it's a question of doing something productive (fixing the computer or something else), just hanging out (more movies), or going to sleep.
>I’m kinda nervous about giving Marsh the canned air. On one hand, if we let her do it by herself, she might get frustrated and break something if it’s not working, but on the other hand, if you go with her, you might get more stuff blown in your face again!
>Oh wait there's also finding that magnifying glass
Candy: "Hey Marsh, can you toss me the can of air?"

Marsh: "No."

Candy: "Why?"

Marsh: "Cause you're the one holding the bag it's in!"

Candy: "Huh? Oh, I guess I am. You mind putting all the tools and stuff away? I'm going clean out the rest of the computer."

Marsh: "Good luck with that."
>>
No. 860613 ID: 15a025
File 151666615628.png - (5.29KB , 800x600 , 95.png )
860613

I carefully creek my way up the stairs, making sure I don't step into any holes or make any new ones and head into Marsh's office. I whip open the computer case and give it a real thorough cleaning.
>>
No. 860614 ID: 15a025
File 151666618659.gif - (478.41KB , 800x600 , 96.gif )
860614

After that I plug the cables back into the computer and press the power button. I get a little worried at first when it beeps a couple of times, but a screen eventually pops up that says:

Please enter a username, password, and insert disk A/CD-1 to login.
>>
No. 860623 ID: 3abd97

>If the incandescent bulbs are so bad, why do they even make them anymore?
Well they were the only kind of lightbulb for a long time! Getting people to change over is not fast.

>>860614
Yay! Marsh, it works.
>>
No. 860624 ID: 91ee5f

>>860613
Good job! For once, you didn’t get something blown in your face!

>>860614
Well, that’s literally none of your concern.

You should tell Marsh that you cleaned out the computer and she should come log in or something to make sure it’s not overheating anymore. If the computer is still overheating, then I don’t know what else to do.

Oh, and leave the canned air on the desk, since it’ll probably be used here the most.
>>
No. 860625 ID: de6d84

Go get Marsh and tell 'em about this.
"It's workiiiing!"
>>
No. 862162 ID: 15a025
File 151702509485.gif - (271.40KB , 800x600 , 97.gif )
862162

>Good job! For once, you didn’t get something blown in your face
Nooo don't jinx it!
>Yay! Marsh, it works.
>Go get Marsh and tell 'em about this. "It's workiiiing!"
>leave the canned air on the desk, since it’ll probably be used here the most.

I set the canned air on Marsh's desk and yell for her, trying to sound like my sister

Candy: "Marsh, get in your office!"

Marsh: "Where's the fire!"

Candy: "I never said anything about fire?"

Marsh: "You sure made it sound like there was one yelling like that. Thought the computer caught on fire or something while you were 'fixing' it."
>>
No. 862163 ID: 15a025
File 151702516327.png - (5.57KB , 800x600 , 98.png )
862163

Candy: "I think I got the computer fixed Marsh!"

Marsh: "So it's too late to get it smoking up? I mean, yay! I get to sit and fight with it trying to enter in all sorts of paperwork tonight."
>>
No. 862165 ID: 15a025
File 151702524304.png - (5.42KB , 800x600 , 99.png )
862165

She slowly walks to the desk and turns the computer screen around. After that I hear her digging through some drawers.
Candy: "What'cha looking for?"

Marsh: "Heads up!"

She tosses something towards me.
Candy: "What's this?"

Marsh: "Some kind of tiny magnifying glass. Will that work?"

I take a quick peek through it.

Candy: "Yeah, this should work. Thanks Marsh."

She starts clicking away at her keyboard.
>>
No. 862166 ID: 15a025
File 151702527247.png - (4.40KB , 800x600 , 100.png )
862166

I leave Marsh to work on those computer papers, and goto my room so I can finally read Officer Nibbles' note.

"Keep a close eye on those earrings Candy, there's been a lot of jewelry thefts in town lately. Don't let those fall into the wrong hands. A criminal running around with magic earrings is the last thing this city needs."

"P.S. Don't let me catch your 'Pet' running around town."

"P.S.S. If this note's too small to read, just let me know and I'll go out to the car for a magnifying glass for you."
>>
No. 862183 ID: 3ce125

>>862166
Don't worry, if we get stolen we'll be sure to give them bad advice. Or make sure they don't do anything too bad, anyway.

...hmm, I wonder if your sister would want to borrow us at one point?
>>
No. 862187 ID: 91ee5f

>>862165
Aw, damnit, I just thought of a prank we could’ve pulled on Marsh! You should’ve sat at her computer with the monitor facing you, called her into the room, and then when she came into the room, you could’ve pretended you were looking at her computer and then said, “Wow, Marsh, this is a lot of porn! I didn’t know you could be so kinky!”

It would’ve been funny and I thought of it too late! DX

>>862166
>"Keep a close eye on those earrings Candy, there's been a lot of jewelry thefts in town lately. Don't let those fall into the wrong hands. A criminal running around with magic earrings is the last thing this city needs."
Meh, even if we did get stolen, we wouldn’t help whoever took us, so we’d be pretty useless to the thief.

Still, it’d be nice to not get stolen in the first place.

>”P.S. Don't let me catch your 'Pet' running around town."
What? Not even in an emergency when we’d need Tybalt? But those are the times when we’d need him the most!

>”P.S.S. If this note's too small to read, just let me know and I'll go out to the car for a magnifying glass for you."
*facepalm*

Nibbles, how are we supposed to tell you we need a magnifying glass if we can’t read that in the first place?!

Well, I guess now that that’s outta the way, is there anything else to do before going to bed or should you just go to bed?

.....and maybe hide us under your pillow or something? It’ll be harder to steal us that way! Unless you’re a really heavy sleeper, which hopefully you aren’t!
>>
No. 862321 ID: 3abd97

>I mean, yay! I get to sit and fight with it trying to enter in all sorts of paperwork tonight.
Uh, sorry Marsh! We thought you wanted it fixed.

>>862166
>Don't worry, if we get stolen we'll be sure to give them bad advice.
Still we'd prefer not to get stolen if possible thank you.

>P.S.
Yes, Tybalt is for emergencies only. ...cuddle emergencies on cold nights probably don't count, unfortunately.

>P.S.S.
Now she's just messing with you. :v
>>
No. 862707 ID: 68550e

I guess one thing you can do is set us under your pillow when you sleep, so if this criminal is around they have to go through that if they want us.
>>
No. 862937 ID: de6d84

Go by Marsh's room and ask if there's anything you're able to help with, if she'll let you/needs any.
>>
No. 864278 ID: 15a025
File 151768348230.png - (5.42KB , 800x600 , 101.png )
864278

>Don't worry, if we get stolen we'll be sure to give them bad advice. Or make sure they don't do anything too bad, anyway.
>even if we did get stolen, we wouldn’t help whoever took us, so we’d be pretty useless to the thief.
Thanks for the re-assurance. Don't suppose you'd try and haunt them while you're all at it as well?

>...hmm, I wonder if your sister would want to borrow us at one point?
Yeah, if she ever "borrows" you, haunt her especially.

>Go by Marsh's room and ask if there's anything you're able to help with, if she'll let you/needs any.
I head back up to Marsh's and room and ask if there's anything I can do to help.

Marsh: "Hate having to rely on the stuff, but some caffeine to...no wait, coffee maker's busted."

Candy: "What happened to it?"

Marsh: "Sugar happened to it."

You'd think sugar and coffee would go well together, guess my sister begs to differ.
>Is there anything else to do before going to bed or should you just go to bed?
Candy: "Anything else need to be done around here Marsh?"

Marsh: "Yeah this computer needs to be done!"

It starts beeping a couple of times

Marsh: "I swear if you freeze or shut down without saving, you'll be shut down the window!"

I wince for a second, hoping she didn't get up to do just that.

The computer dings

Marsh: "Yeah that's what I thought!"
>>
No. 864279 ID: 15a025
File 151768352070.png - (3.78KB , 800x600 , 102.png )
864279

With that, I head to my empty room and hit the hay before the computer really does die on Marsh.

> I guess one thing you can do is set us under your pillow when you sleep, so if this criminal is around they have to go through that if they want us.

Good thinking! I take off the earring and place it under the pillow for safe keeping. Goodnight!

To be continued..?
>>
No. 864280 ID: 15a025
File 151768357326.png - (3.89KB , 800x600 , 103.png )
864280

At some obscenely late and exhausting time of night...

I get up hearing something banging on a door somewhere? I can also hear Marsh is pounding away at the keyboard upstairs too? I'd let Marsh handle or check
whatever's making all the noise, but she's probably busy enough dealing with that computer. I fumble around with the earring and get it back on properly.
>>
No. 864281 ID: 15a025
File 151768360051.png - (4.46KB , 800x600 , 104.png )
864281

I roll out of my room and find someone's knocking on the front door? Only person I can think of is my sister. I ask to double check anyway.
Candy: "That you sis?"

Sugar?: "No, it's the police. Of course it's me! Now let me in before I freeze my hoofs off!"
>>
No. 864300 ID: b1b4f3

>>864281
Who knows what the cultists are capable of. Get visual confirmation before you open that door.
>>
No. 864323 ID: 91ee5f

Get a visual to make sure it’s your sister.
>>
No. 864338 ID: 3abd97

>>864281
Man I wish we could still do that blindar trick so we could tell if it was someone purple through the door.

Does it sound like your sister?

Might want to confirm identity by peeking through a window or peephole, if there is one. Or you could just ask something she should know the answer to. Something from your childhood, for instance.
>>
No. 864523 ID: 38de21

Ask her three things only you two would know.
>>
No. 864559 ID: 91ee5f

>>864323
Wait, this is her house, she should have her own key to get in here! She shouldn’t need to be asking to be let in!

And she can’t say she lost her keys because she drove her car, which has both her car keys and her house keys on the key chain!
>>
No. 864738 ID: 15a025
File 151785111552.png - (4.52KB , 800x600 , 105.png )
864738

>Wait, this is her house, she should have her own key to get in here! She shouldn’t need to be asking to be let in! She can’t say she lost her keys because she drove her car, which has both her car keys and her house keys on the key chain!
If Marsh was right about her being out drinking all night, I'd hope she didn't drive home. Knowing my sister though, I wouldn't be surprised if she did drive home drunk.

>Who knows what the cultists are capable of. Get visual confirmation before you open that door.
No peep holes or windows in sight. While it sucks I can't see her to make sure, at least I don't have to worry about something breaking in through a window.

>you could just ask something she should know the answer to. Something from your childhood, for instance.
>Ask her three things only you two would know.
Candy: "Paranoia check, in what grade did I do so bad in that the old man sent me away to study, where did he send me to study, and what class was it."

Sugar: "Are serious right now! Cut the crap and open the door, I'm freezing!"

Candy: "Just answer the question."

She starts mocking my voice now,
Sugar: "Meh, just open the door!"

>Does it sound like your sister?
Yeah, it's her voice alright, or a dead on impersonation of it.

I stand there and wait.

Sugar: "Ugh fine. It was back in third grade, he sent ya to uncle's place for the summer, and it was history class."
I fumble around with the door and let her in.
>>
No. 864739 ID: 15a025
File 151785116856.png - (5.29KB , 800x600 , 106.png )
864739

I'm not sure why, but I'm getting the impression she didn't have that great of a night either.
>>
No. 864743 ID: 3d2d5f

Sorry sis, had a freaky night with the friendly neighborhood cultists. How was your day?
>>
No. 864760 ID: 91ee5f

>>864739
Tell her that you’re a little paranoid from a bunch of assholes that attacked when you were closing the shop and you thought they followed you here and were pretending to be her to get in here.

>>864743
Let’s not call them cultists yet. As far as we know, they’re just a bunch of assholes in purple robes.
>>
No. 865015 ID: de6d84

Night's been weird, you doing okay?
>>
No. 865096 ID: 094652

>>864739
Let me put it this way:

She looks sober. Run for your life.
>>
No. 865327 ID: 15a025
File 151797033110.png - (5.41KB , 800x600 , 107.png )
865327

>Sorry sis, had a freaky night with the friendly neighborhood cultists. How was your day?
>Let’s not call them cultists yet. As far as we know, they’re just a bunch of assholes in purple robes
>Night's been weird, you doing okay?

Candy: "Sorry about that, had a pretty creepy night with the local jerks in town. What happened to you?"

Sugar: "Just say rough night of drinkun."

Candy: "You going to be alright?"

Sugar: "Yeah, I'll-"
>>
No. 865328 ID: 15a025
File 151797037144.png - (5.32KB , 800x600 , 108.png )
865328

Candy: "Great... You okay sis?"

...

Candy: "Sis?"

...
>>
No. 865329 ID: 15a025
File 151797039117.png - (5.41KB , 800x600 , 109.png )
865329

Candy: "That's probably not good..."
>>
No. 865349 ID: 08227f

Sit her up so she doesn't choke on her own vomit, assuming that is vomit.
>>
No. 865364 ID: b1b4f3

If a drunk person passes out you put them on their left side, legs and arms bent and close together, chin up(but still pointed to the side) and mouth directed downwards at an angle so any vomit drains out. That is called the "recovery position". Make sure she's breathing properly. If she's choking on that vomit you need to call 911.
>>
No. 865393 ID: 91ee5f

>>865364
Do all of this.
>>
No. 866364 ID: 15a025
File 151828606707.png - (5.50KB , 800x600 , 110.png )
866364

>Sit her up so she doesn't choke on her own vomit, assuming that is vomit.
Yeah that's vomit alright. At least it's on the floor and not me.

>If a drunk person passes out you put them on their left side, legs and arms bent and close together, chin up(but still pointed to the side) and mouth directed downwards at an angle so any vomit drains out. That is called the "recovery position". Make sure she's breathing properly.

I roll her up over to the stairs and get her into the recovery position. After that I check and make sure she's still breathing. What's next?
>>
No. 866382 ID: 6780f5

Get Marsh to help you carry your sister to bed, and maybe get something to clean up that vomit with.
>>
No. 866463 ID: 3abd97

>>866364
Monitoring her and cleaning up are probably the next priorities.
>>
No. 866595 ID: 15a025
File 151837659343.png - (4.26KB , 800x600 , 111.png )
866595

>Get Marsh to help you carry your sister to bed, and maybe get something to clean up that vomit with.
>Monitoring her and cleaning up are probably the next priorities.
Candy: "Marsh, can you come down here please!"

I hear her whip a door open and groan when she looks down the stairs.

Marsh: "I'll go get the mop..."
>>
No. 866596 ID: 15a025
File 151837662950.gif - (245.02KB , 800x600 , 112.gif )
866596

She quickly creaks her way down the stairs, and shortly comes back with a mop and a bucket.

Marsh: "I'll haul her up to bed, you go get some snow to melt for the mop water.

Candy: "What do I melt the snow with?"

She lets out a big yawn.

Marsh: "I don't know, the microwave or something?"
>>
No. 866599 ID: b1b4f3

Well you could do that if you put it in a bowl or other microwave-safe container first. It's gonna take forever though.
Still hard to believe you guys don't have any tapwater.
>>
No. 866604 ID: 6780f5

Snow is next to impervious to microwaves, so that would make it a pain to melt like that. It would be less of a pain to just mop with the snow and let it melt from the room-/vomit-temperature, with the added benefit of cooling the vomit down so it doesn't smell as much.
>>
No. 866614 ID: 3abd97

>>866596
Man you guys need to get the pipes fixed.

Assuming you guy have heat, maybe you want to fill a bucket or the tub with snow so it will melt and you'll have water the next time you need it.
>>
No. 866695 ID: 15a025
File 151839969657.png - (5.14KB , 800x600 , 113.png )
866695

>Well you could do that if you put it in a bowl or other microwave-safe container first. It's gonna take forever though. Still hard to believe you guys don't have any tapwater.

>Snow is next to impervious to microwaves, so that would make it a pain to melt like that. It would be less of a pain to just mop with the snow and let it melt from the room-/vomit-temperature, with the added benefit of cooling the vomit down so it doesn't smell as much.

I don't feel like standing around a microwave all night or day? waiting to melt snow in a microwave. Guess it's the lazy way for now. I step outside for a quick moment to fill the bucket with snow and get to mopping.
>>
No. 866696 ID: 15a025
File 151839973609.png - (5.41KB , 800x600 , 114.png )
866696

The snow crunches, splushes, and crinkles as I mop up the floor with it...
>>
No. 866698 ID: 15a025
File 151839976885.png - (5.46KB , 800x600 , 115.png )
866698

Wait, snow doesn't 'crinkle'...

Egh... great. That's the mail on the ground. Better be just junk mail else-
>>
No. 866699 ID: 15a025
File 151839978718.png - (4.75KB , 800x600 , 116.png )
866699

I gotta come up with a good excuse for this.
>>
No. 866715 ID: 08227f

Say Sugar used her hands to break her fall/dropped it near her face when she passed out, and then threw up on the letter, so you couldn't see it under the vomit.
Also take it out of there and hang it somewhere to dry so Marsh can hopefully read it later.
>>
No. 866719 ID: 91ee5f

>>866715
This.
>>
No. 867504 ID: 15a025
File 151863961551.png - (5.54KB , 800x600 , 117.png )
867504

>Say Sugar used her hands to break her fall/dropped it near her face when she passed out, and then threw up on the letter, so you couldn't see it under the vomit. Also take it out of there and hang it somewhere to dry so Marsh can hopefully read it later.

It's better than anything I can come up with. I quickly grab the soggy letters and put them on the stairs for now. After that I finish mopping up the floor.
>>
No. 867505 ID: 15a025
File 151863967558.png - (5.89KB , 800x600 , 118.png )
867505

Just as I start looking for somewhere to put the mop away, Marsh comes back down.

Candy: "How's my sister doing?"

Marsh: "She's in bed, out like a light. How's mopping up the floor going?"

Candy: "Not too good."

Marsh: "Can't be too bad if you're still dry."

Candy: "I might be, but the mail sure isn't."

Marsh: "This better not be going where I think it is."

Candy: "Sugar must have dropped it when she passed out, and then-"

Marsh: "I'm just going to pretend you mopped it up or something. Hopefully it was just bills and junk for her to deal with."

Candy: "There's a letter in there for you Marsh."
>>
No. 867506 ID: 15a025
File 151863971011.png - (5.91KB , 800x600 , 119.png )
867506

I hear her mutter something, but couldn't understand her. She stomps over to the stairs where I put the mail and snatches her letter out of it.

Marsh: "This better be something telling me I just won the lottery or some free drinks."

She uses one of her claws the rip open the letter and starts reading it.

Candy: "What is it?"
>>
No. 867507 ID: 15a025
File 151863976103.png - (5.88KB , 800x600 , 120.png )
867507

I hear her breathing pretty heavily.

Marsh: "Sign that I need to go to bed, that's what."

She stomps off to her room.

Should I maybe go talk to her, or should I just call it a night myself too?
>>
No. 867580 ID: 08227f

She probably wants some time alone if she's that angry. Just let her know "you'll help her out if she wants it, so don't be afraid to ask", and leave it at that.
>>
No. 867659 ID: 3abd97

>>867507
Probably best not to push it. If she wanted to talk, she wouldn't have left, and it is late.
>>
No. 868013 ID: 15a025
File 151881132526.png - (4.09KB , 800x600 , 121.png )
868013

>She probably wants some time alone if she's that angry. Just let her know you'll help her out if she wants it, so don't be afraid to ask.
>Probably best not to push it. If she wanted to talk, she wouldn't have left, and it is late.
Yeah, I'm having a hard time staying here awake myself. As I head off to my room, I let Marsh know I'm around if she needs help with anything. I don't hear her reply back.

I take my sweater off and hop into bed. Goodnight earring earring ghosts!

To be continued...
>>
No. 868061 ID: 3abd97

>>868013
Goodnight, Candy.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password