[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 846378)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 151120313352.png - (48.74KB , 687x524 , 1.png )
846378 No. 846378 ID: 65a774

“Who in their right mind would read this kind of drivel? Throw it into the furnace at once, Cain.”

-Helios, King of Risavia, Lord of Fire and Father of six.

Discussion: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/92354.html
Wiki and previous threads: http://tgchan.org/wiki/Strange_Bedfellows
Expand all images
>>
No. 846379 ID: 65a774
File 151120314238.png - (6.59KB , 686x526 , 2.png )
846379

“You honored your part of the bargain so I will honor mine. You soul, mind and body will now be free of the bindings created by the mad god as you will once again be graced with mortality.”

“Additionally, as a… thank you for destroying the catacombs once and for all and not abusing the river of souls, I will let you keep her… other blessing.”

“Never say that this old man isn’t generous, as I gift to you both death and life. Death gifted to yourself… and life to any children you might sire.”

“Do take care Kronos, Prince of fire, as I’m sure we’ll see each other soon enough.”
>>
No. 846380 ID: 65a774
File 151120315094.png - (69.73KB , 686x526 , 3.png )
846380

:KronosSB: Ngg? Huh?

You just had the weirdest dream… about a war… and mad gods… and you stopping the end of the world with quick thinking, deft speech and a raunchy line. Cain was there… and Tim… and Sisah? Wait, isn’t that one of those Serpent mercenaries? Why do you know her name all the sudden? And Belseth and… Briannah… wait… who…? Gah, why are you missing people that don’t even exist? You’ve never even met anyone named Briannah. Dammit, that dream felt so real…

…what did you eat before this nap to have a dream like that? …wait, why are you taking a nap on the roof anyway?
>>
No. 846390 ID: 91ee5f

>>846379
>Kronos gets to keep Xuv's other gift.
Yay!

.....now we just have to keep Kronos from banging anything that moves, otherwise he'll have kids all over the place!

>>846380
>Who are Sisah, Belseth and Briannah?
Try thinking really hard about them. Is there anything about any of them that stands out to you?

Race, tattoos, prosthetics, military rank, an accent when they speak, the size of Bri's lovely big ass. Anything at all that'll help remind you of how you know about them and when you could've probably met them.

.....wait where did that thought of Bri's big ass come from?!

>…what did you eat before this nap to have a dream like that?
Hopefully, nothing you tried to make in the kitchen! Remember what happened last time you made something and ate it?!

>…wait, why are you taking a nap on the roof anyway?
Think long and hard on why you could've come up here.
>>
No. 846392 ID: 3ce125

>>846379
>Still got the blessing of hybridization
HELL YEAH! Life, you are the best.

>>846380
You know that was real Kronos. First, go hug your mother, and your brothers. I wonder if Karas remembers anything? Second, go talk to Kira, confirm she remembers it too. Third, ask whoever's in charge (might be Kira again) to find out where Briannah is so you can meet her again. Probably Belseth too. ...you're not already married are you? If Briannah remembers you, you could try contacting Sisah and Thaliah too. More friends is always nice.

Oh and do try to remember why you were napping on the roof. What's the status of the nation these days? Have you met Cain in this timeline? How's Tim? How pissed off will Kira be that you changed the past instead of letting her fix things?
>>
No. 846394 ID: 3ce125

Oh and please don't fall off the roof, that would be the worst ending.
>>
No. 846402 ID: fe7355

Sounds like a real wild and vivid dream you had. Better quickly (and carefully) get up and find paper and pen to write down everything you can remember of it before it slips away. Maybe you could work it into a story later. Just don't give the only copy away, okay.

As for why you were taking a nap on the roof, were you watching the sky? Or perhaps you were trying to hide out to avoid a unpleasant chore or duty, hm?

>You’ve never even met anyone named Briannah.
Never even heard of someone by that name? Hm... What about Belseth? You heard of his name?

>You’ve never even met anyone named Briannah.
Oh, bollocks, I know why Kronos didn't meet her or even heard of her. Remember how Briannah was the bastard daughter of the Zadian empress and general Eratin Myseth which the empress had to keep secret under threat from her husband. And in her stead, his bastard son, Belseth, was legitimized. Well, in this timeline there wasn't any need to legitimize Briannah for a alliance tying arranged marriage. So Bri remained out of the spotlight
>>
No. 846408 ID: 015058

Quick you need to go chat with your dad. I think he might be throwing away some marriage stuff and if its about Briannah you need to make sure you get her back.

As for the rest congrats you saved the world sort of. Now get out there and make sure it stays saved.
>>
No. 846409 ID: 3ce125

>>846408
I suspect Helios is referring to "Strange Bedfellows", the novel Chronicler was writing and has published by now I expect.
>>
No. 846432 ID: a633c6

I don't think that was a dream at all. You should go see your sister, quickly.
>>
No. 846440 ID: 65a774
File 151121232522.png - (34.79KB , 686x526 , 4.png )
846440

>Hopefully, nothing you tried to make in the kitchen! Remember what happened last time you made something and ate it?!
You’ve been banned from the kitchen ever since that casserole incident years ago… they still haven’t been able to get it all off from the roof or walls.
>Better quickly (and carefully) get up and find paper and pen to write down everything you can remember of it before it slips away.
You’ve never been someone that keeps dream dairies… by this one was very vivid… and rememberable... and… long?
>First, go hug your mother, and your brothers.
…why does it feel like you haven’t seen mom for years all the sudden… like you just want to run up to her, eyes full of tears, hug her and never let go? It’s… odd… You can’t imagen a world without mother… no, you don’t want to. You would be a broken man in that hell.

>What's the status of the nation these days?
Peaceful, prosperous and with the new care packages for aspiring farmers you helped create last year poverty and famine is at an all-time low! Of course, there are still whispers of war with the dynasty to the south, but with how unstable it is we can only hope they collapse into themselves before their bloodlust get the better of them.
>Have you met Cain in this timeline?
Of course you have. He is your best friend and manservant, after all. You’re pretty sure he is making sure your laundry is properly cared for right now so he might be a bit busy.
>How's Tim?
He is trying to find something to write his thesis on for the magical academy last time you checked. Last you heard he was talking about elementals or something… what with them all apparently dying off a year or so ago…

>Never even heard of someone by that name? Hm... What about Belseth? You heard of his name?
You… no… wait… yes… there is… is there? There was this… diplomat? Or councilman? You think it was a Sakkilian? Maybe? Agh… you can’t fully remember. You might have met someone with that name… or heard it. The same thing with this Bri character… that might be why you used those names in your dream.
>Try thinking really hard about them. Is there anything about any of them that stands out to you? Race, tattoos, prosthetics, military rank, an accent when they speak…
In the dream they were Sakkilians… and had accents like imperials… one was… military and the other… a holy man? And the lady had tattoos… no wait, the man had… or… one of them… hmm…
>The size of Bri's lovely big ass.
…oh yes… that glorious thing seems to be burned into your mind. It only proves that it was a dream, as something that perfect cannot exist in the real world.

>Perhaps you were trying to hide out to avoid an unpleasant chore or duty, hm?
Your mother raised you to make sure to take responsibility and do what’s best for the nation on a whole, not hide away from your duties as a Prince… but still, you can’t shake the feeling that you’re doing something wrong…
>Now we just have to keep Kronos from banging anything that moves, otherwise he'll have kids all over the place!
Oh, that won’t be a problem, as you’re to be married soon. Of course, you might get a few lovers on the sides and- wait, married!? Or right, fuck!

>Quick you need to go chat with your dad.
You’re hiding on the roof because your father is currently livid. See, you were supposed to choose a bride to marry… but all of them was… just… well… You managed to filter away most of them until only three candidates remained. But Sofia, the first one, is just so damn boring that you regularly fall asleep when you listen to her… and you’re afraid that if you continue to do so you’ll never wake up again. Anna, the second one, was actually quite decent at first… but now you know that she’s clearly mad and might murder you in your sleep if you so much talk to another person without her permission. And the third… well… her laugh make your ears bleed, literally bleed… and she’s like one of those kubrow animals who laughs at everything!

…and the worse thing is you’re supposed to choose today… about an hour ago… and you can’t. You can’t spend the rest of your life with one of those banshees… so you’re hiding on the roof… while your father is tearing the palace apart looking for you… hoping that a beautiful maiden will just fall in your lap or something…

:NonSB: “Are yah hiding from ye duties, eh?”
:KronosSB: Huh? Who said that?
>>
No. 846446 ID: 33cbe7

Take a moment to appreciate the intactness of your limbs and face.
>>
No. 846448 ID: 3ce125

>>846440
That better be Briannah. Who you will be marrying immediately.
>>
No. 846449 ID: 91ee5f

>>846440
>…oh yes…that glorious thing seems to be burned into your mind. It only proves that it was a dream, as something that perfect cannot exist in the real world.
You don't know that! The world is a big place and you've only seen a small part of it! Such a glorious thing probably exists, but you haven't found it yet!

>Supposed to choose a bride.
Were they all Varkians?

Maybe you should be looking at some of the other races for a marriage candidate?

>Huh? Who said that?
Look to your right, on the balcony.
>>
No. 846450 ID: a633c6

That's that voice, that's Bri!

Tell her you are arranged to be married, but you may as well be arranged to be executed.
>>
No. 846480 ID: 1e7aa8

You've been discovered. Quick, get surprised and then almost fall off the roof.
>>
No. 846500 ID: 094652

YOU WON!

Gungeoneer: Kronos
Area: Catacombs
Time: OVER TWO YEARS
Money: a metric @#$%-ton
Kills: ~10

You killed the past!

Killed by:
Your own stupidity
The Six

Now stuff your face and build a gun. They haven't been developed in this timeline.
>>
No. 846516 ID: 91ee5f

>>846500
Kome, you stop that!
>>
No. 846654 ID: fe7355

Really, Kronos, you can see there is a balcony to your right. How could you miss who said that when they're standing right there? Now, what'd they sound like? Recognize that voice at all? How about what they look like? Ring any bells?

>See, you were supposed to choose a bride to marry…
Good gods, whoever picked these candidates was scraping the bottom of the barrel. Seriously, there's no better ones? Or were they all chosen for political or strategic reasons far more than how much you could stand them? But how the heck did someone as homicidally hyper-jealous as Anna get into the pool? Putting someone who'd literally slit your throat in is wildly irresponsible.

You're gonna have to confront your father and put your foot down on this. You're not gonna marry any of 'em no matter how much he fumes. The very fact that someone as responsible as you is hiding from this duty should speak volumes to him about how bad these marriage candidates are. ...But really, do you have to marry a noblewoman? You can't choose someone you love, or even just like, to marry outside the noble families?

>Last you heard he was talking about elementals or something… what with them all apparently dying off a year or so ago…
That does not sound good, does it? Something killed them off? ...Wait, don't elementals have to die to reproduce? Does this mean there's enough ambient magic in the world now for new elementals to be born?

>Of course, there are still whispers of war with the dynasty to the south...
What about Lorentia? What's happening, or happened, with that nation?

>>846516
Nah, this one is okay 'cause it's actually humorous and fitting. It is kinda like we killed Kronos' past a la Enter the Gungeon.
>>
No. 846658 ID: fe7355

Oh, and tell whoever that is that you're not hiding from your duties, you're hiding from a terrible fate, hoping for a miracle to save you. So, what brings them up here?
>>
No. 846779 ID: 65a774
File 151129027839.png - (63.67KB , 686x526 , 5.png )
846779

>That's the voice, that's Bri! Who you will be marrying immediately!
:KronosSB: Briannah, love, you have to save me! Quick, marry me be- wait what am I saying?
:OpalhiaSB: Marry? Why, I’m flattered that yah would consider me a worthy mate, but aren’t yah bit young for someone like me?
:KronosSB: W-wait, I didn’t… err… y-you’re that new librarian that Sebekta hired, aren’t you?
:OpalhiaSB: Indeed, I am Opalhia, the new assistant the head librarian ‘ired… and yah are…?
:KronosSB: Me? I… it isn’t important. No, forget about it…
:OpalhiaSB: ‘old on… yah’re Prince Krotos, no!? I’m terribly sorry, my liege, but I didn’t recognize you in those clothes. …and did you say Briannah? As in the imperial bastard? Why would y-
:NonSB: KRONOS!!!!!
>>
No. 846780 ID: 65a774
File 151129028676.png - (48.43KB , 686x526 , 6.png )
846780

:NonSB: COME OUT RIGHT THIS INSTANT!
:OpalhiaSB: Oh… it sounds like they are looking for ye bro- wait, where did yah go?
:NonSB: KRONOS! I WILL GIVE YOU FIVE SECONDS! IF YOU AREN’T IN FRONT OF ME BY THEN YOU’LL BE SORRY!

>You've been discovered. Quick, get surprised and then almost fall off the roof.
As soon as your father angry voice rings out over the courtyard, you instinctually run for cover… or in this case, slide of the roof into a more hidden alcove.
>Take a moment to appreciate the intactness of your limbs and face.
Of course, you almost slid of the roof completely as you misjudged the distance. You just don’t feel used to have two eyes… did… did you hurt your eye recently? And your hand… your right hand… you fingers feel odd… like they don’t belong for a moment?

>Good gods, whoever picked these candidates was scraping the bottom of the barrel. Or were they all chosen for political or strategic reasons far more than how much you could stand them?
They are all from important noble families, whose favor we might need in the future. Of course, that also means that they are all a bunch of inbred snobs… not to call the kettle black, of course…
>How the heck did someone as homicidally hyper-jealous as Anna get into the pool?
You might have exaggerated a bit… but she did have a mean tongue… and a taste for punishments… and not the fun, bed kinds either.
>Were they all Varkians?
All noble families in Risavia are Varkians, yes.

>The world is a big place and you've only seen a small part of it! Such a glorious thing probably exists, but you haven't found it yet!
Why, if you only could travel the fifteen seas in search for such a treasure… but sadly, you’re stuck here getting married to someone you’ll probably hate.
>You're gonna have to confront your father and put your foot down on this.
Yes! Enough is enough! You’re not going to stand for this any lo-

:NonSB: KRONOS! ENOUGH! COME OUT NOW AND I MIGHT BE SATIFIED WITH A WHIPPING!

…right after he calms down a bit. You’ve never been able to get a word in when he is this angry anyway… no, first thing first, you’ll need a place to hide and give him some time to cool off. You can’t really stay here as Opalhia have seen you… and you’re pretty sure they’ll look for you in your room. Hmm… or maybe they won’t? Hiding right under their beaks, so to speak, eh? Or you can try to hide in the servant quarters somewhere… or maybe you can just run out in the garden and disappear for a bit? There are a lot of thick thickets of trees out there, after all. Hmm…
>>
No. 846783 ID: d9cd96

Clearly you need a cup of tea to think this over. And ask Cain for his advice regarding hiding spots, as well as how to best get the "imperial bastard" to marry you before you end up in some maniac noblewoman's cellar with your legs broken.
>>
No. 846784 ID: 3ce125

>>846780
Servant quarters. See if you can find Cain, ask if he remembers too.

Say, how is Kira doing? At some point you should go talk to her too. See how angry she is that you didn't side with her. She may be able to help you get to Briannah... but you'll probably have to do something for her to even the score, so to speak.
>>
No. 846785 ID: b9b4da

Go to the garden and hide amongst the elementals!
>>
No. 846787 ID: c6b31f

Servant quarters it is.
>>
No. 846788 ID: 91ee5f

>>846779
>Opalhia
Oh, good, that means you did make peace with the Sakkilians!

>‘old on… yah’re Prince Krotos, no!?
Once again, someone has mistaken you for your brother.

>…and did you say Briannah? As in the imperial bastard?
Poor Bri! )-':>

>>846780
>Where to hide?
Run to the garden!

Just try not to fall off the roof!
>>
No. 846794 ID: 88bd6f

The crypt! It's perfect no one will ever think to look there. Just make sure you protect yourself against toxic spores.
>>
No. 846796 ID: 91ee5f

>>846788
Also, do you happen to know where any of your siblings are? Especially the 2 new siblings, since your father is called the Father of Six!
>>
No. 846800 ID: 1e7aa8

>>846785
The elementals supposedly all died off a year ago. They're gone.
>>
No. 846806 ID: 3ce125

>>846800
Even in the previous timeline people thought the elementals were simply dying off, because they didn't know how elemental reproduction worked. I bet you there's a bunch of elementals buried in the garden.
>>
No. 846853 ID: 33cbe7

If she's out here, she isn't in the library. Go there, Kronos! They'd never look for you in the books!
>>
No. 846854 ID: fe7355

Your father is no fool, even when he's enraged. He'd know to station a guard or two in your quarters or outside watching the windows into your quarters to catch you if you get the bright idea to double back. And while the servants like you a lot, it's a gamble if that regard is enough for one to keep silent about where you are from your father, their king, if they spot you. The servants quarters also has a greater risk of getting cornered.

Head for the garden. It's much harder to corner someone as agile and quick as you there. You can also climb up high in a tree to hide and move between them on their limbs if you get found out. And it'd be easier to run off the palace grounds from the garden if it comes to that. Maybe into the Grand Temple? ...And why do you have this odd feeling that the spot on the opposite side of the garden from the royal crypt is important somehow?

Think about who would help you, either in hiding or in the undoubtedly massive argument with your father that's coming. Would your mom help? Where would your siblings come down on this? Where would Cain? And how about Tim and your other friends?

Also consider how viable disguising yourself as Krotos is. You already look so much like him you'd just need to get a set of his clothes to wear.

>Briannah, love, you have to save me! Quick, marry me be- wait what am I saying?
...That was really strange. Why did you say that? It was like someone else's words came out of your mouth.

>…and did you say Briannah? As in the imperial bastard? Why would y-
So there is a Briannah who's a Sakkilian and a bastard, just like in your dream. But you've never met her, so you don't know what she looks like, so why would your mind stick that name to such a beautiful rear- er... body. And you aren't one for Imperial gossip, so how would you even have heard of her name before, let alone give it enough merit to remember at all? Well, now you have to find out more about her.

>You just don’t feel used to have two eyes… did… did you hurt your eye recently? And your hand… your right hand… you fingers feel odd… like they don’t belong for a moment?
They were missing in that dream, weren't they? ...But how could you know what it'd feel like for them to be missing for your mind to build into the dream? ...There's something very, very odd going on with that dream. Almost like it was... Whole memories, and not dream memories cobbled together from other memories.

>Of course, that also means that they are all a bunch of inbred snobs… not to call the kettle black, of course…
All the more reason to get some new blood into the royal and noble bloodlines. Having the nation ruled by successive generations of even more inbred twits is gonna lead to disaster or revolution.

>KRONOS! ENOUGH! COME OUT NOW AND I MIGHT BE SATIFIED WITH A WHIPPING!
That threat just bluster or would he really go through with whipping you?
>>
No. 846856 ID: 91ee5f

>>846854
>That threat just bluster or would he really go through with whipping you?
I hope he's bluffing! We can't let Kronos' heart butt get whipped!
>>
No. 847037 ID: da1652

>>846780
Better yet: what better place to hide than right under his nose. What is the closest hiding spot to where your father currently awaits you?
>>
No. 847117 ID: 65a774
File 151138519493.png - (42.04KB , 686x526 , 7.png )
847117

>Oh, good, that means you did make peace with the Sakkilians!
You’ve been at peace with the empire since before you were born. In fact, you practically have an alliance with them and Lorentia against the Dynasty. There just some extra buttering needed… like proper contracts, marriages and stuff like that.
>Clearly you need a cup of tea to think this over.
Sadly, Cain is currently busy… and you know he doesn’t like coming up with the cart to the roof.
>I hope he's bluffing! We can't let Kronos' heart butt get whipped!
You’re pretty sure he means whipped as in flogged… you know, with a real whip over your back? Of course, he has never actually hurt you physically before so he’s probably exaggerating a bit.

>Also, do you happen to know where any of your siblings are?
Karas is probably counting money or signing contracts somewhere. Kira is probably with your father or doing her other royal duties to prepare herself for the crown. Karen is either in the library or the academy studying. You’re not sure where Kern is, but his last letter was from a country far to the south… and Krotos… well, he is kind of in the same situation you are in. Of course, you don’t know if he is hiding as well or not…
>At some point you should go talk to Kira too. See how angry she is that you didn't side with her.
It was a dream, a very lucid dream, sure, but still a dream. You’ll seem crazy if you talk to her about that.

>If she's out here, she isn't in the library. Go there, Kronos! They'd never look for you in the books!
She is just one librarian of many. Of course, the head librarian is one of your closes friend, you still don’t trust those that he employ.
>Your father is no fool, even when he's enraged. He'd know to station a guard or two in your quarters.
Hmm… he does have more manpower than just himself, correct… so you’ll need to be on the lookout for any patrolling guards.
>And while the servants like you a lot, it's a gamble if that regard is enough for one to keep silent about where you are from your father, their king, if they spot you.
Not to speak of any guards that might be around…

>The crypt!
You’re not going to disrespect the dead just to hide! …but the area near the crypt entrance… hmm…
>Go to the garden and hide amongst the elementals!
…yes, that might work. There is old stone head, the thing left of the old garden elemental… no one ever walks out there…
>It'd be easier to run off the palace grounds from the garden if it comes to that.
You’re not leaving the palace grounds without your bodyguard Thalia… and seeing as Thalia probably just drag you back to your father…
>Just try not to fall off the roof!
You’ve done this for years; you’re not going to- OH FIVE!

*Crash!*
:OpalhiaSB: B-by the five… Are you okay?
:KronosSB: I’m fine, nothing to worry about… ouch…
>>
No. 847118 ID: 65a774
File 151138520323.png - (64.37KB , 686x526 , 8.png )
847118

Making a beeline for the tree line, you’re pretty sure you manage to hide yourself in the thick vegetation of the garden before anyone notices. Venturing deeper into the trees, you soon find yourself in the clearing where the old stone face lies.

>How can you convince father to stop the marriage? Would your mom help?
While mother would want you to be happy, she does want to see you take up the responsibilities of a good prince… including a diplomatic marriage.
>Where would your siblings come down on this?
Kira is firmly on fathers side, Karas only cares for the money he can earn for the kingdom through the marriage, Kern isn’t around to help and Karen is kind of… well, she does read a lot of romantic fiction so maybe? As for Krotos… he is in a similar seat as you, though he has been able to juggle father’s wrath for far longer than you have. Maybe that’s why father is so focused on having you choose someone already… hmm…
>Where would Cain?
He would encourage you to accept it… and then find a way to make the best of the marriage afterwards. Say what you will of Cain, but he has quite the dislike of changing plans in the middle of them.
>And how about Tim and your other friends?
Hmm… you’re not sure how you can get them to help against father, really… but they’ll probably support you if you ask them.
>Figure how to best get the "imperial bastard" to marry you before you end up in some maniac noblewoman's cellar with your legs broken.
You have no idea where she is, who she is or even if you would like her any more than the rest… well, you have a feeling that you really want to be with her for some reason, but that’s just… *sigh*

Dammit, the only way out seems to find someone more diplomatically important to marry… and you’re not going to stumble over someone like that in the middle of the ga- AH!?
*Trip*
>>
No. 847119 ID: 65a774
File 151138521038.png - (62.62KB , 686x526 , 9.png )
847119

”-off!”
”Snrk!? Huh? Get me out of this damn grave be- wha? Where…?”
>>
No. 847120 ID: 65a774
File 151138522155.png - (63.12KB , 686x526 , 10.png )
847120

”Why, it’s not every day yah get woken up from a nightmare by an eager little cutie, eh? But while I like ye enthusiasm I usually don’t do this on the first date.”
”Mff?”
”At least buy me dinner and a theater chair first, eh?”
>>
No. 847122 ID: 65a774
File 151138525407.png - (66.96KB , 686x526 , 11.png )
847122

W-wait, I saw y-yah in… Krotos!?
>>
No. 847123 ID: 33cbe7

Belseth?
>>
No. 847125 ID: 28cb85

KroNOS. You remember me, don't you Bri?
>>
No. 847134 ID: a14389

>>847122
Tell her you remember her too. You're not sure if Krotos will though. Both of you are single... Can you both marry her?
>>
No. 847135 ID: 91ee5f

>>847119
Hey, Kronos, remember that ass that was so gloriously perfect that it couldn't actually exist in real life? Congratulations, you've just found the owner of that ass. You've just found Bri.

>>847122
*frustrated sigh* "No, I'm not Krotos. I'm Kronos, his younger brother."

".....wait, aren't you Briannah?"

Do not call her the imperial bastard!

If she gets really nervous and starts trying to leave or something, tell her that you're not gonna chase her off and politely ask her to stay and keep you company.

Apologize for waking her up. Then ask what kind of crazy dream she was having to make her think she was in a grave?

And maybe tell her about your own crazy dream.....and how she was in it.

>>847123
No, that's Bri.
>>
No. 847168 ID: 3d94c3

>>847119
>>847120
>>847122
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpk7bccuY9s

I am in no way sorry.
>>
No. 847172 ID: 094652

... You know what?

She's going to be fine, and Krotos is alive and sane. They're good for each other.

You've got a hiver to find!
>>
No. 847174 ID: 35baa8

>>847172
Disagree. Let's not get involved with Zela this time.
>>
No. 847179 ID: 91ee5f

>>847172
Bad Kome! Don't make me get the squirt bottle!
>>
No. 847210 ID: 33cbe7

>>847172
Oh that's right, before we were an item, they were! Let's not leave our little love bug forlorn!
>>
No. 847228 ID: 8cb228

Alright. You should at least not throw away out of hand that the 'lucid dream' was something mre than a lucid dream. Here are two hypotheses to consider:

1. Take it at face value. You experienced a different timeline, and your choice at the end of the timeline made the one you are currently in. This fits with the narrative of the dream, and the world you now see, but would require extra evidence.

2. Some force, uh, loaded those memories onto you and, presumably the important other people in the dream as well. They may never have actually 'happened', but if you all share the memories, and everyone's actions are consistent with their character, than amongst yourselves, you can consider the events as 'having happened'.

I'm sure there's others as well, but these two hypotheses are important in a one major way. If either of them is true, then, provided you all still remember what happened... the difference between the two is academic.

You should investigate if the important personalities from the dream have the memories as well; if they do, than that means that you all share a special connection, regardless if the events 'happened' or not. And you all have some extra insights into one another as well.

Further, you should investigate some of the safer bits of 'lore' you learned in the dream, that wouldn't have been changed in the 'change the past' bit if that happened.

Come on, show a bit of scientific curiosity here!
>>
No. 847251 ID: 8cb228

Also, maybe show some enthusiasm in figuring out if you all have the same memories? Don't give away everything so she just has to say 'yes' or something, but... if she remembers...?

And the memories had you all acting in character, and reference real things about you all... Than at the very LEAST, the people you two are *now* are incredible compatible...!
>>
No. 847261 ID: e4c1ce

"Er. My deepest apologies, Ma'am. Pretend you didn't see me."

Then try to dash off into the woods and immediately trip over her legs/tail.
>>
No. 847347 ID: fe7355

Out of a ingrained habit from a lifetime correcting people who mistake you for your brother, automatically reply "No, I'm Kronos" before you can stop yourself. Realize that you recognize her voice, and when you do a inexplicable wave of joy and relief washes over you. That's Briannah's voice. She's Briannah. Look up into her face, that beautiful, whole, unmarred face, and softly say with a smile "Briannah."

A sudden desire to embrace and kiss her like she's your long lost love hits you, but halfway into moving towards her you catch yourself and lean back when you remember you've never met her before. ...Have you? You glance down at her hips and ass and see they're the exact same perfect, glorious form that was burned into your mind from the dream. How could you ever forget seeing something so sublime for real and the lady who was blessed with it? ...What the fuck is going on in your head right now?

Move to the side of Bri's legs and sit on the ground facing her. "My apologies for my beak landing where it did and waking you. I was running, not watching where I was going and tripped, falling face first into... Down there."

"If you don't mind me asking, you saw Krotos in a nightmare you just had? Could you tell me what it was? I heard you say 'Get me out of this damn grave be-,' so what was that about? ...Was it a extraordinarily vivid and real-feeling lucid dream? Or, rather, nightmare. One that felt like it lasted a really long time? I ask because I had one like that a short while ago, oddly during a short nap. In it, there was a devastating war between our nations that didn't happen in this world. And a resulting chain of events that led to a mad god on the brink of ascending that'd be the end the world. And it all felt so real, so detailed and complex, like it wasn't a dream."

>Dammit, the only way out seems to find someone more diplomatically important to marry…
How about the legitimized bastard daughter of the Zadian empress? Would that fit the bill?

>>847172
Kome, don't you fuckin' dare try to derail this.

>She's going to be fine, and Krotos is alive and sane. They're good for each other.
And Kronos is alive, sane and at least dreamily remembers what happened in the other timeline and his love for Briannah. Krotos wouldn't remember a thing of that timeline or his love for Briannah 'cause he was dead at the time the change happened. ...Well, maybe he would if his soul was nearby, but I think his soul was either already burned up in the ascension ritual or eaten by the Six by the time the past was changed.

>>847210
>Let's not leave our little love bug forlorn!
Oh, c'mon, Zela wasn't a "little love bug" to Kronos. He didn't have that much romantic affection for her. It was more sexual desire than romantic. And she had a thing for being sexually used by a prince and no desire to continue into a romantic relationship either. She's not gonna be forlorn.

Besides, Zela may not even have been born in this timeline. Bri guessed Zela's age at nineteen to twenty, and the timeline change was twenty years ago. But even if she was born, she could be anywhere in the world. And the different circumstances of her life could have changed who she is into someone much different too.

>>847261
No, we are not gonna try running off immediately after finding Briannah. Geez.
>>
No. 847476 ID: 65a774
File 151146624163.png - (71.11KB , 686x526 , 12.png )
847476

:KronosSB: I love you…
:BriannahCB: What was that?
:KronosSB: I said, I’m Kronos! KroNOS!
:BriannahCB: Yah are? Hmm... oh yes, ye older brother ear fluff is the other way, isn’t it?
:KronosSB: You’ve met my brother?
:BriannahCB: … … …um… I… don’t think so? But then ‘ow did I… err…
:KronosSB: Belseth, it’s- I mean, Briannah… err…
:BriannahCB: …you’ve met my ‘alf brother?
:KronosSB: No, I don’t think so… it’s just… did… did you dream of me?
:BriannahCB: Dream of yah?
:KronosSB: The nightmare? What was it about? You mentioned a grave…?
:BriannahCB: Oh, that… well…

:BriannahCB: I ‘ad this ‘orrible nightmare… about wars, death and the end of the world.
:KronosSB: …and the grave?
:BriannahCB: This is going to sound silly, but… I dreamt that there was a vast network of catacombs beneath the palace… and I was stuck there, dying… and I couldn’t get out as it just grew smaller and smaller… and… yah… yah were there?
:KronosSB: …and Thalia... Tim… Xarrin…
:BriannahCB: Doxan… and Sisah… they… they didn’t…
:KronosSB: We ventured down to stop the nightmare ascending to godhood… and ending the world.
:BriannahCB: …’ow… ‘ow can yah know what I was dreaming?
:KronosSB: Because I… I succeeded in stopping them… and I used the power of the gods themselves to remake the past. I stopped the war from ever happening.
:BriannahCB: But… b-but that can’t be… we can’t ‘ave… can we?

:KronosSB: Oh… and sorry for waking you up like that… by landing on your… um…
:BriannahCB: Forget that, we… if the dream was real… I… it can’t be real. This ‘as to be some trick… or another dream… or… something!
:KronosSB: Bri... I… I don’t know myself anymore…
:BriannahCB: I… I need a moment to digest this…

>Immediately trip over her legs/tail.
She is holding me in her arms. Your feet aren’t even touching the ground, making it hard to trip over anything at all.
>Glance down at her hips and ass and see they're the exact same perfect, glorious form that was burned into your mind from the dream.
…while you have to admit she does have some nice curves, that isn’t the thing that you saw in your dream. The thing you witnesses was perfection itself… and everyone know perfection is impossible.
>You should at least not throw away out of hand that the 'lucid dream' was something more than a lucid dream.
While at first you didn’t really believe it… but with Briannah having a similar dream… did you really change the world? You must have, right?
>Come on, show a bit of scientific curiosity here!
You will… as soon as your father has stopped hounding you around the palace.
>Both of you and your brother are single... Can you both marry her?
... … …w-what? That’s… that’s just ridicules!
>Let's not leave our little love bug forlorn!
…wait, what bug? You don’t think you’ve ever loved a bug?
>Zela.
Who? Try as you might, you can’t remember anyone called “Zela”… in the real world nor the dream. Ow… you’re getting a headache just trying to remember something that doesn’t-

:NonSB: Someone said that Kronos was heading this way. Spread out and search for him.
:NonSB: …and if we find him, sir?
:NonSB: Then drag him back to the king. Do not listen to what he has to say, don’t let him talk to someone else and don’t let him bring anyone with him. Just take Kronos back to the king immediately, alone and unharmed.
:NonSB: Sir, yes sir!

:KronosSB: …oh crap…
:BriannahCB: Did yah ‘ear that? Is someone looking for yah, lovvvvng… err… why did I just…?
>>
No. 847478 ID: 015058

Want to run off and get married right now before anyone can stop us?
>>
No. 847480 ID: 094652

>>847476
You know what? Briannah or not, you really need to take a vacation. Your henpecked vixens are just flat-chested harpies, your dad could rupture an artery if he leaves himself angry with you all the time, and a political marriage to some spoiled brat isn't using the most of your potential for the kingdom.

Start a circus troupe and build an army of operatives and agents. Or look for the other allies in your dream and make sure they're doing well and doing much. Or just murder Elete for the children she slaughtered before you were born.

You'll make your contribution to the world, no matter what role you play. But you may as well choose a fun one!
>>
No. 847481 ID: b1b4f3

>>847476
Stop dwelling on it if it bothers you. What's important is that you found Briannah again and you can run off to spend time with her again.
The perfect ass may be your foggy memories exaggerating how fantastic her ass is.
>>
No. 847488 ID: 91ee5f

>>847476
>Looking at her curves.
Suddenly get a boner that's very noticeable to Bri.

>Did yah ‘ear that? Is someone looking for yah
Tell Bri that you originally ran out here to hide because your father is trying to force you into marriage and you don't want to be with any of the 3 candidates that were presented to you!

>lovvvvng…err…why did I just…?
Tell her that's because both you and her fell in love with each other and were going to be married after you had saved the world. And ask her to kiss you.

Then beg her to hide you because you want to marry her and not any of the women that your father has chosen for you!
>>
No. 847489 ID: 28cb85

It's what you called me in... what are we going to call it? it wasn't a dream, it couldn't have been. Past life? that sounds macabre.

Anyway you have to hide me before I'm hauled off and caned. Help me climb into a tree and say you never saw me.
>>
No. 847512 ID: 33cbe7

You'll have to hide inside her enormous jaw. Do you remember the part in your dream where she swallowed a giant egg whole?
>>
No. 847559 ID: 4854ef

Hide me behind you!
>>
No. 847564 ID: 600f38

>>847476
"The king wants me to pick a wife, and the options he has provided are awful.
May I court you?"
>>
No. 847668 ID: fe7355

Put your hands in hers and lower your voice so the searchers can't hear you. "Because the us in that other world, that lost timeline, loved each other deeply, and we remember a dream of their memories. Perhaps they point to a potential that also exists in this world. I'd like to figure that out with you, along with all the other memories from our other selves swirling in our minds. Dinner and a show, you said? Alas, my father has other plans for my future that get in the way, and he's sent the guards to collect me."

"See, I'm supposed to choose a noblewoman to wed for political reasons out of royal duty, and which my father set the ultimate deadline for about a hour and some minutes ago. But even the best three candidates of the lot leave me feeling like I'd rather saw my own beak off than spend a single day with them, let alone a lifetime. So I hid, was found, then ran here to hide again. I'd put my foot down, but when my father gets in a mood he won't listen. Maybe I can keep running and hiding until he calms down enough I can talk him into delaying this yet again. Could you help me with hiding? ...And I wouldn't be so lucky that marrying you would be politically advantageous enough I could sell my father on it, would I?"

Unfortunately, your white shirt and blue and white feathers will make it hard to hide among all this foliage. If you had time you could roll in the dirt and mud to get a more matching color, but you don't. But if Bri misdirects the searchers so they skip over where you're hiding for the time being, that'd work. You'll climb up a tree and Bri'll stand at the bottom of it and get the guard's attention. When they come over she'll tell 'em that you tripped over her while she was napping, apologized to her, then ran off, and she'll point in a direction generally away from where you'll want to run off in when you climb back down.

You can't stay hidden here and try to wait it out. Besides your appearance making it likely you'll be spotted sooner rather than later, your father will just keep sending more guards to search this area thoroughly. And they'll soon establish a visual perimeter around the overgrown area to watch out for you in case you make a run for it so they know where you go when you do. So you have to make a run for it before even more guards arrive, but where to? Back to the palace? Someone will likely spot you if you do, but if you get to the servants' quarters or the laundry you could swipe some servant's clothes and a hat to disguise yourself. Or you could climb back up on the roof again and hide among the chimneys. But maybe instead of the palace you could bolt for the Grand Temple, then either hide inside or climb up onto its roof. And if you could swipe a priest's robes and mask, that'd be a real good disguise.

>…while you have to admit she does have some nice curves, that isn’t the thing that you saw in your dream. The thing you witnesses was perfection itself… and everyone know perfection is impossible.
Perhaps a exaggeration of other-you's memories due to his love, or just that you both have a tendency to exaggeration. ...But maybe it really was perfect, or damn near so, and changing the past removed the events that led to Briannah having such a glorious rear. Or perhaps it's because in this timeline you've been around Sakkilians, a species known for being generous in the hips and ass, for years now so your standards for what constitutes posterior perfection have shifted upwards. Imagine what your ass standards would be if you took out your exposure to Sakkilians. But whatever the reason, the Bri before you still has curves closer to perfect than the large majority of people, so you're definitely not complaining.

>Who? Try as you might, you can’t remember anyone called “Zela”… in the real world nor the dream. Ow… you’re getting a headache just trying to remember something that doesn’t-
You don't remember the cute young apprentice royal painter Hiver gal who's aura of innocence protected other-you's group as they traversed the Catacombs? Or that she gave her virginity to other-you the night before entering the Catacombs? Why would you not remember her? ...Is it because she was never born in this timeline? But why would that take her out of the memories you got from other-you?

>>847512
It wasn't a giant egg, it was a watermelon that Bri swallowed whole.
>>
No. 847756 ID: 2aeb21

So, spend some time talking with her, in your shared experiences! Shared things like this bind people together. Figure out which bits were in character for each of you, which were out of character, which would have been plausible given the laws of reality you know, and so on. Spend time bonding!
>>
No. 847760 ID: 65a774
File 151155117037.png - (63.47KB , 686x526 , 13B2.png )
847760

:KronosSB: It’s because the us in that other world, the lost-
:NonSB: I hear someone over there! Let’s go!
:BriannahCB: …yah know, speaking loudly might not be the greatest idea right now?
:KronosSB: Ack! Quick, help me climb a tree and say that you n-
:BriannahCB: I think I got a better idea, come here.
:KronosSB: VARK!



:BriannahCB: *Humming* -with a *hum* and a *hum*hum*humily*hum* Varkian staves have a knob on the end~
:NonSB: Excuse us, ma’am, have you by any chance seen anyone pass by here?
:BriannahCB: Hrnn? Someone ‘ere? Nah… well, I think I ‘eard someone run past a minute ago, but otherwise it’s been calm.
:NonSB: Really? Which way? Did you see who it was?
:BriannahCB: *Shrug* Just ‘eard someone moving around, eh? Think it was coming from that direction?
:NonSB: Hmm… what if she’s lying? Maybe she’s hiding him some-
:NonSB: He is bright blue and wearing a white shirt. There is no way he can hide anywhere close to here. No, he’s probably moving deeper into the garden to try and evade us.
:NonSB: But under that blanket-
:NonSB: *GLARE!*
:NonSB: Err… o-of course not, sir…
:NonSB: Thank you for the assistance, ma’am.
:BriannahCB: Good luck with yah search.
:NonSB: Now let’s keep moving. He can’t be far.

>Suddenly get a boner that's very noticeable to Bri.
While your current location is a bit… risqué, the stress from being chased and… Bri’s weight is making it a bit hard to be that excited.
>Maybe it really was perfect, or damn near so, and changing the past removed the events that led to Briannah having such a glorious rear.
…then this is clearly a world not worth living in anymore. But jesting aside, you rather have a less refined behind to look at then all the suffering the other timeline had.
>You don't remember the cute young apprentice royal painter Hiver gal who's aura of innocence protected other-you's group as they traversed the Catacombs?
…who? You can’t… ow… your head hurts when you try to… think…



:BriannahCB:
:KronosSB: …is it safe to come out yet?
:BriannahCB: It’s safe...
:KronosSB: …so can you get off me?
:BriannahCB: …no?~
:KronosSB: …you’re kind of crushing me here…
:BriannahCB: Oh, sorry. In that case.
:KronosSB: …you’re still sitting on me, just not as much.
:BriannahCB: Just in case the guards come back, hmm?
:KronosSB: …of course.

:BriannahCB: So why are the guards after yah anyway? Ye aren’t a criminal or anything, eh?
:KronosSB: …my father wants me to pick a wife to marry, but my options are… awful to say the least.
:BriannahCB: So yah’re running away?
:KronosSB: Only until his temper gets under control so I can talk to him. Or I find another option. So… um… want to run off and get married right now before anyone can stop us?
:BriannahCB: W-what!? I barely know yah! Well… I… I think I dreamt of yah, but I still don’t know yah that well!
:KronosSB: …but may a court you?
:BriannahCB: …are yah asking me on a date? I… guess? Who is yah father anyway, if ‘e can order around the guards? Some kind of general?
:KronosSB: He is the King? Don’t you remember?
:BriannahCB: …w-wait, yah really are a Prince!? I… I didn’t… I just thought that was dream logic!
:KronosSB: It wasn’t a dream… it was… a past life? No, that’s to macabre…
:BriannahCB: Was it really another life? Did all that really ‘appen?
:KronosSB: In another time, yes… I do believe so.

:KronosSB: Dammit, I can’t stay here. They’ll find me eventually. No, there has to be a better place… maybe the servant quarters? That way I can swipe some clothes maybe? Or maybe the roof again, but higher up? Hmm… or the grand temple…
:BriannahCB: …or my room?
:KronosSB: …or your ro- wait, what?
:BriannahCB: They won’t look for yah there.
:KronosSB: That’s true…
:BriannahCB: While I don’t usually invite men to my room just like that, we’re not going to do anything indecent, eh?
:KronosSB: I still need to get to your room... somehow…

>Do you remember the part in your dream where she swallowed a giant watermelon whole?
:KronosSB: …err… you can’t… eat… like you did in the dream?
:BriannahCB: Okay, see, that is clearly dream logic there. There is no way someone can eat someone else whole! It’s was just a dream! Or at least that part was. That can’t ‘ave ‘appen.
>>
No. 847790 ID: b40fdf

>>847760
She hasn't had many opportunities to eat fallen soldiers due to the lack of a war. Maybe her other self perfected her butt after eating the rears of dozens of others.
>>
No. 847791 ID: 33cbe7

Fight harder to remember, ya hypocrite! If you'd do it for Bri, you should do it for Zela. They both worked hard to get you this far.
>>
No. 847792 ID: b1b4f3

>>847760
Yeah good thing that's impossible, you wouldn't want to see that.
It was probably hallucinations caused by Xuv.

I bet you could wear her blanket like a shawl for a disguise sufficient to fool the guards.
>>
No. 847795 ID: 91ee5f

>>847760
>W-what!? I barely know yah! Well…I…I think I dreamt of yah, but I still don’t know yah that well!
Tell her that if she thinks really hard, she can probably remember the nickname she gave you. (It's heart butt.)

In fact, if both of you think really hard, then both of you can remember things about each other. Then both of you can see that you actually know a lot about each other.

>How to get to Bri's room?
Is that a Sakkilian sized blanket? Then it should be big enough for Kronos to hide in it!

Just wrap him up in the blanket and have Bri carry him to her room.
>>
No. 847798 ID: b1b4f3

Hey maybe stop trying to remember shit that makes your head hurt, dumbass.
>>
No. 847799 ID: 91ee5f

>>847791
The headache is an obvious message of, "She's not here."

So stop trying to think about her.
>>
No. 847845 ID: 8cb228

Spend some time reminiscing with her over these shared memories. Figure out what is in character for each of you, figure out what isn't, figure out what 'weird things' fit the rules of reality as you know them, and which ones don't... spend some time bonding with her over the shared experience and I guess the shared problem of figuring out these memories!

Also, make sure to file the things that make your head hurt as 'to investigate later'. Don't want to make your head hurt overly much now, you know?
>>
No. 847846 ID: 8cb228

>>847845

And especially figure out if the 'real' you's have some of the 'secret' things still true that the 'dream' yous did? Or mutually agree to talk about that later if it makes you very uncomfortable, perhaps?
>>
No. 847870 ID: 91ee5f

>>847795
And remember that song you said would be yours and Bri's song? Try humming that tune to see if Bri also remembers it.
>>
No. 847879 ID: 600f38

>>847870
Yes, hum the song.


HEY! CHRONICLER! Did Zela get uncreated? I don't see how that could happen be since she was born just before war, but I don't know how time dickery works here.
>>
No. 847883 ID: 91ee5f

>>847870
And one more thing.....

>While your current location is a bit…risqué, the stress from being chased and… ’s weight is making it a bit hard to be that excited.
Thy dick is broken.

Maybe if you remember all the sexy times you've had with Bri, that would fix your dick and make you poke Bri in a very noticeable way? ~
>>
No. 847885 ID: 8cb228

Wait for an appropriate time for sexuality, okay? The current versions of you two have much less 'desperate need for sexuality due to hardship', I think.
>>
No. 847894 ID: fe7355

That was a oddly strong dismissal by Bri, though it might be because she doesn't want to remember any more of other-her's memories and feelings on the matter as they are upsetting. You'll get a book on Sakkilian anatomy later to check of it's possible or not. You're gonna be borrowing a lot of books from the palace library to compare how things have changed between that other timeline and this one and to corroborate things you remember from that timeline. Especially books about the Catacombs of the Godless or the recent history of the Temple.

Okay, the goal is to get to Bri's room without getting caught or having the guards come a knockin' shortly after you get there 'cause they figured out Bri is helping you. And ask Bri where her room is, both to confirm that it is in the palace and so you know where to go.

Now, the are likely a few guards watching the grounds between this forested area and the palace for you, as well as guards on the palace entrances. That means if you wrap that blanket around yourself to cover your shirt and feathers and walk towards the palace, they're gonna see someone obviously covering those things and move to intercept you. And if Bri uses the blanket as a makeshift sack to carry you, it's gonna be obvious to the guards she's carrying Vark-sized cargo and they'll demand she show them what she has.

However, you're just guessing at what the guards are doing. You need actual intel to decide what to do. If Bri goes to near the edge of the wooded area, she could spot where the guards are and what they're doing for you. You can wrap the blanket around yourself to cover your shirt and feathers as you follow at a distance behind her, then hide in the undergrowth while she looks. Maybe you'll get lucky and there'll be a gap in the guard perimeter you could preferably walk rather than run through without being spotted. Or one where Bri could distract a guard or two to give you a opening, though that risks them putting two and two together later and coming to her room. Either way, once you get inside the palace you'll still need a discrete way to get to Bri's room without anyone noticing you.

Is there any container big enough to hold you that Bri could carry to her room or near her room that wouldn't raise suspicion if she did? If there is and you could reach wherever such a container is stored either via the roof or climbing through a window on a lower level, then Bri could go there and unlock and leave ajar a window for you to get inside. Then you climb through, get into the container and Bri carries you out before the guards arrive.

Before you head out, touch the dead earth elemental's head for a moment. You don't expect anything will happen like in other-you's memories, but who knows.

Y'know, since you have a couple younger siblings in this timeline 'cause your mom lived, maybe Bri has younger half-sisters or -brothers too since her father lived as well. Maybe a stepmother also, if her father married.

Remembering another world where things went so wrong to contrast with your world, you have to feel a newfound gratitude and appreciation for what you have. And Bri probably feels that contrast way more than you, since other-her experienced the war first-hand and suffered so much trauma and loss. You suspect the next time she meets her father she won't be able to stop hugging him. And when you see your mom next, you're gonna hug her like never before.

You're gonna want to talk at some point with the others in your world that might dream-remember what happened in that other timeline. The other timeline's Kira and Belseth were both next to the epicenter of the change, and Thalia and Xarrin were with Briannah, so any or all of them might remember. Does Bri know where Belseth and Xarrin are?

>…who? You can’t… ow… your head hurts when you try to… think…
It's like there's a empty void in other-you's memories where someone should be. And you know there should be someone there because there's holes in the events you remember that don't make sense without a person there. Why would they be gone from those memories? Hm... At some point you should ask Bri if other-her's memories have a similar person-shaped hole. See if she gets a headache trying to remember too.

>>847879
>I don't see how that could happen be since she was born just before war, but I don't know how time dickery works here.
We never got Zela's exact age, but Bri guessed Zela was nineteen or twenty, at most. (>>/questarch/748753) Since the change to the past happened twenty years plus a little bit back, it's most likely that point was before Zela was conceived, and so she was never born.
>>
No. 848030 ID: 65a774
File 151165161378.png - (48.64KB , 686x526 , 14.png )
848030

>Fight harder to remember, ya hypocrite!
Try as you might, you keep coming up blank over and over again. It’s like there are just a… empty void there…
>Also, make sure to file the things that make your head hurt as 'to investigate later'.
Right… we really don’t have time right now for headaches anyway.

>She hasn't had many opportunities to eat fallen soldiers due to the lack of a war. Maybe her other self-perfected her butt after eating the rears of dozens of others.
…maybe the perfect butt isn’t something we should strive for anymore…
>That was an oddly strong dismissal by Bri, though it might be because she doesn't want to remember any more of other-her's memories and feelings on the matter as they are upsetting.
You don’t want to remember parts the other time line either! That world was more of a nightmare than anything.


>Tell her that if she thinks really hard, she can probably remember the nickname she gave you.
:BriannahCB: Hrnn? Love? ‘ubby? ‘eart butt… wait, yah ‘ave a ‘eart on ye butt!?
:KronosSB: …y-yes?
:BriannahCB: …now that I want to see…
>Spend some time reminiscing with her over these shared memories.
:BriannahCB: Let’s do that after we escape the guards, eh?
>Remember that song you said would be yours and Bri's song? Try humming that tune to see if Bri also remembers it.
:BriannahCB: It’s not the time for singing, they might still ‘ear yah.
:KronosSB: Sorry…

>Is that a Sakkilian sized blanket? Then it should be big enough for Kronos to hide in it!
:BriannahCB: I guess it can cover most of yah…
:KronosSB: Excellent… this will definitely help us get past any guards at the entrances to the palace.

The two of you carefully move towards the edge of the garden to see how the situation is. Stopping near a smaller garden path, you manage to get a pretty good look towards the palace… and immediately notice that there are guards posted at every last entrance.

>I bet you could wear her blanket like a shawl for a disguise sufficient to fool the guards.
:BriannahCB: … … …there is no way you’ll trick anyone with that getup.
:KronosSB: Hmm… you’re probably right…
>Just wrap him up in the blanket and have Bri carry him to her room.
:BriannahCB: …they’ll probably check a varkian sized bag being carried around…
:KronosSB: …they’ll probably will. Dammit…
>Bri could distract a guard or two to give you an opening, though that risks them putting two and two together later and coming to her room.
:BriannahCB: Distracting several people, both guards and others, while you run right over a small plaza? Yeah… right…
:KronosSB: Dammit… if only I had a way to not been seen at all…
>>
No. 848031 ID: 65a774
File 151165162179.png - (47.99KB , 686x526 , 15.png )
848031

>Is there any container big enough to hold you that Bri could carry to her room or near her room that wouldn't raise suspicion if she did?
:KronosSB: If only there was something else to carry me in… something a bit more…

Suddenly you hear the familiar sound of a squeaking wheel coming down the pathway from the direction of the laundry house.

:BriannahCB: Someone is coming? Aren’t yah going to ‘ide?
:KronosSB: Oh, it’s just Cain. I recognize that squeaking wheel anywhere.

Rounding the corner, pushing a cart filled to the brim with your newly washed clothes and sheets, it is indeed your loyal friend and manservant Cain. He always had a knack of appearing when you needed him.

:CainSB: Sir? I did not expect to see you here. Weren’t you supposed to be tied into matrimony right about now? …or didn’t the King tie you down good enough? He never was good with knots, was he?
:KronosSB: Change of plans, friend.
:CainSB: …ah, that would explain the lovely… hmm… lady next to you. Though, I do believe it’s tradition to cheat on your wife after you’re married, hmm? But I’m sure your affairs are as always… untraditional, even if it is a literal affair.
:BriannahCB: We’re not ‘aving an affair, boney.
:CainSB: Of course not, madam. You simply are acquaintances… the hugging kind of acquaintances.
:KronosSB: I need your help, Cain.
:CainSB: Oh? And how can I be of assistance, sir? Are you in need of a more proper bed than nature itself? Though being consumed by instinct in the wild is a common trope…
:KronosSB: Actually, we need to get into Bri’s bedroom… err… and not for that reason, either.
:CainSB: I’m sure you’re just going to play a round of Regicide, sir. But I’m not sure how I can help… I don’t think you’ll fit in the cart, after all…
:KronosSB: Hmm…
>>
No. 848032 ID: 094652

>You can't fit in the cart
That won't stop the guards from inspecting it!

Find a decoy Varkian to take your place, someone smaller. Have them fidget around when Cain gets close to the guards to Briannah's room. Sneak past while they inspect. Stealth 101.
>>
No. 848034 ID: b1b4f3

>>848031
Idea. Disguise yourself as Krotos. Just change clothes and sweep your ear feathers the other way.
Also thank Cain for... well, being a true friend. And saving your life, somehow.
>>
No. 848035 ID: b1b4f3

>>848030
Also what is that rock thing?
>>
No. 848037 ID: 91ee5f

>>848034
>Disguise as Krotos.
That could work.

>>848035
It was already explained to be the dead earth elemental that lived in the garden.
>>
No. 848054 ID: fe7355

>>848034
>Idea. Disguise yourself as Krotos.
>>848037
>That could work.
At first thought it does sound like it could work, but thinking it through it falls down. Krotos is in the same situation as Kronos, and if he's gone into hiding as well then the guards probably have standing orders to haul him in too. If that's the case, disguising as Krotos would get Kronos the same result as if he walked up to the guards as himself.

But even if the guards don't have orders to bring Krotos in, they'd still hold up and deeply scrutinize Krotos disguised as Kronos because he looks like Kronos. They'd check on Krotos' last known whereabouts and bring down someone who knows Krotos and who could positively ID him or ask questions only Krotos would know the answer to. If Krotos has different feather patterns on his body, like no "heart butt," and they check for that, the jig is up. And Kronos would have to sound just like his brother too. Oh, and he'd also need Krotos' personal royal seal. There's just too much needed to reasonably pass as Krotos to the guards.
>>
No. 848057 ID: b1b4f3

>>848054
How about Karas then? Cain and possibly Briannah should know what he looks like.
>>
No. 848062 ID: 91ee5f

>>848054
That may be true, but no guard in their right mind would dare to ask the royalty to pull their pants down to check for a heart butt.
>>
No. 848074 ID: fe7355

>>848057
That has the same problem as Krotos. The guards are going to really scrutinize anyone that has blue and white feathers. And Karas has a different pattern of white and blue feathers on his face than Kronos and Krotos. That'd take dye and make-up to disguise as.

>>848062
They don't have to pull his pants all the way down. They can pull his shirt up in the back and pull the waistband out enough to confirm there's a white patch of feathers that forms a peak that slopes down over his butt cheeks. And besides that, Krotos could have feather color patterns on his torso that don't match Kronos' that'd be easier to check. And there's multiple other ways they could check if it's really Krotos.

And don't be so sure the guards wouldn't pull Kronos' pants down to check if it's him just because he's royalty. They're under a direct order from their king, and that gives them more leeway than usual in what they can do to carry that order out.
>>
No. 848079 ID: b1b4f3

>>848074
That is still extreme. They didn't bother Briannah, what makes you think they'll bother someone that looks like the prince?
>>
No. 848080 ID: 91ee5f

>>848074
>That'd take dye and make-up to disguise as.
Can we get any feather dye on such a short notice?

Cain and the laundry cart have the change of clothes problem solved.

>They'd still pull his pants down because the King said they could.
That would be considered sexual harassment! I don't care who gave them permission, they should not be allowed to do that!
>>
No. 848100 ID: fe7355

The guards are quite disciplined, so the ones posted on the palace entrances won't budge for anything less than you running in front of them. They know they can't leave any openings in the perimeter. And you can reasonably assume that by now all the other exits from the garden have guards posted on them as well, so no fleeing into the Grand Temple or out into the city. And is Cain commonly known to be your loyal manservant? If so, then the guards are going to pay extra attention to whatever he's moving or whoever is with him, so try to avoid plans where you have to be near him.

If you had one of those illusionary disguise collars the espionage service uses, this'd be a piece of cake. One that creates the illusion of another person's head around your own and change your voice (like the runes on Doxan's neck did.) Well, you'd need a change of clothes too, probably servant's clothes. You don't think even Cain could get his hands on such a collar and sneak it back out here. At least, not in such short order.

What about feather dye and make-up? Whatever would best cover the color of your facial feathers, hand feathers and tail feathers, since those are the ones exposed. Could Cain go into the palace, get that and sneak that out along with a set of servant's clothes? Then you push the laundry cart back into the palace. ...Ah, but if you have to speak to the guards, your obviously high-class accent will give you away. That makes it risky.

Wait, you don't actually need to go into the palace via the normal entrances. If you can get into one of the more secluded nooks and crannies next to the palace, you could climb up the wall and slip back in via a window. So all you need is a disguise that wouldn't be out of place walking from the garden to next to the palace. Groundskeeper, maybe?

>I’m sure you’re just going to play a round of Regicide, sir.
Actually, that sounds like a nice idea. A round of Regicide with a nice glass of wine and some fine cheese. Does Bri play Regicide, and does she have a set in her room?
>>
No. 848104 ID: 91ee5f

>>848100
>Sneak in another way.
I was hoping we'd try and keep it simple. Like disguised Kronos can be walking and talking with Bri, like good friends, and they can just walk past the guards.

And I think the feather dye should probably be applied to his entire body, just in case the guards do try checking for his heart butt, like you said.

>nice glass of wine
It's a cup of tea and you know it! don't try to change that you fool! )-:< Just joking with you, please don't take this too seriously. =P
>>
No. 848110 ID: 130e49

If you can't remember Zela then try remember things around her.
How did you meet? After Bri painted your butt you where going to get a painting of her done, you ended up getting the royal painters apprentice. Bri wasn't happy about it cause she had a fear of Mantids. You got her pregnant.
>>
No. 848126 ID: 65a774
File 151171876444.png - (62.49KB , 686x526 , 16.png )
848126

>Also what is that rock thing?
That would be old stone head, the remains of the old garden elemental that used to live here.
>After Bri painted your butt you were going to get a painting of her done, you ended up getting the royal painters apprentice. Bri wasn't happy about it cause she had a fear of Mantids.
You remember that Cain was never able to find an artist on such a short notice.
>You got her pregnant.
You definitely would remember that if it was true!

>Idea. Disguise yourself as Krotos. Just change clothes and sweep your ear feathers the other way.
:CainSB: Because that worked so well last time, sir… besides, Krotos is supposed to be at the very place they want to drag you too… meaning if you manage to actually fool them they’ll just drag you back anyway… sir.
>They'd check on Krotos' last known whereabouts and bring down someone who knows Krotos and who could positively ID him or ask questions only Krotos would know the answer to.
They are looking for a Prince, not a deranged murderer. They probably won’t do anything unless they are pretty sure it’s actually you.
>If Krotos has different feather patterns on his body, like no "heart butt," and they check for that, the jig is up.
You’re pretty sure you can have any guard that tries to de-pants you executed. You are still a freaking Prince after all. Of course, poppa will probably be mad as hell if you do something like that…

>What about feather dye and make-up? Whatever would best cover the color of your facial feathers, hand feathers and tail feathers, since those are the ones exposed.
:CainSB: Not on this short of a notice… but I think I can do something that will pull the eyes away from your feathers.
>Kronos can be walking and talking with Bri, like good friends, and they can just walk past the guards.
:CainSB: Hmm… you don’t really want to grab attention, even if it just talking.
:BriannahCB: Besides, I need to do… um… something before we met up in my room. Alone.
:KronosSB: Huh? What do y-
:BriannahCB: It’s a secret, lov- Kronos.
:CainSB: If the lady need some time alone then let her have it.
:BriannahCB: We’ll met in my room later, eh? It’s in the guest quarters near the servant quarters.
:KronosSB: …I’ll see you there, Bri.
:CainSB: Now, stand still and let me do my magic, sir.



:CainSB: There we go, sir, a completely new person.
:KronosSB: I did I really need to be a girl?
:CainSB: Harder to suspect, sir… and besides, I’m sure the manly guards will be distracted by your… great personality, hmm?
:KronosSB: Still…
:CainSB: Wait, someone is coming.
:KronosSB: Oh, I ne-
:CainSB: I think it’s your bodyguard. Just keep quiet, sir.
:ThaliaCB: Ah, Cain, I’ve been looking for you. I need to find the Prince, you haven’t seen him… around…

Her eyes fall on you… and she just stares at you a long while in complete silence before she cocks an eyebrow.

:ThaliaCB: … … …really?
>>
No. 848129 ID: b1b4f3

>>848126
Desperate times call for desperate measures, Thalia.
>>
No. 848131 ID: b1b4f3

Oh and call her General Thalia, see how she reacts.
>>
No. 848137 ID: 91ee5f

>>848126
>Just keep quiet, sir.
Do what Cain said and keep your mouth shut! Don't say anything because your obvious non feminine voice will give yourself away!

>Thalia isn't fooled.
.....ok, even though Thalia ain't buying it, you should still not say anything! Cain must have a plan to get you outta this, so just trust him and don't speak at all!

>>848129
>>848131
Shhh! Cain said not to talk!
>>
No. 848138 ID: 600f38

>>848126
"My father wants me to wed, but his choices are, frankly, awful.
I'm in the process of lining up an alternative that's much better for not only myself, but the kingdom as a whole. The families Father invited won't even take her as a slight.
But I need time, and I need this to be clandestine for now."
>>
No. 848140 ID: a0e836

Shrug.
>>
No. 848145 ID: fe7355

For once in your life suppress that burning desire to start yammering on at inappropriate times and follow Cain's directions to keep your yap shut. He knows Thalia as well as you do, so he knew she'd see right through your disguise and yet he stopped you from hiding. No doubt he has a cunning plan, so let him do the talking. Don't speak, don't shrug, don't do anything that breaks character or disguise or admits who you really are. Only speak if Cain's plan fails totally, obviously and he admits it failed, because you can never tell how deep his plans go, and keep your voice down to a whisper.

Remember what you know about this world's Thalia and her life. How and when did she come into your employ as your bodyguard? When did she change from male to female, from Thalios to Thalia?

>besides, Krotos is supposed to be at the very place they want to drag you too…
So did your father finally catch him, did he finally relent and choose a bride, or did he somehow still stave off your father's demands once again? By the Five, how did Krotos keep your father at bay for so long? And how does he keep doing it?

>It’s in the guest quarters near the servant quarters.
Oh, so she's just visiting and doesn't live here. That puts a sizable obstacle in the way of any possible long-term relationship.

>You remember that Cain was never able to find an artist on such a short notice.
Then who did other-you lay with that other-Bri walked in on which pushed her towards a mental tipping point which would have led to her committing suicide if not for other-you intervening in her dream?

>>848140
And don't shrug either. No hinting at all.
>>
No. 848148 ID: 91ee5f

>>848145
Finally, a suggester that'll follow along with Cain's plan of keep your mouth shut!
>>
No. 848155 ID: 33cbe7

"Hi Thalia! is it working?"
>>
No. 848160 ID: 130e49

Does she still have a penis in this timeline?
>>
No. 848162 ID: d9cd96

You should follow Cain's advice and not say anything, but completely ignoring her might be more suspicious. Just raise your eyebrow or something at her question. Something that could work whichever way Cain's plan goes.
>>
No. 848165 ID: fe7355

>>848162
Or perhaps better would be looking away or down, breaking eye contact, since a servant gal would likely show deference towards a guard, especially if that guard's attention has fallen on her. The palace guards do have higher rank among the palace staff, after all.
>>
No. 848170 ID: 91ee5f

>>848165
I agree with staying silent and looking away.
>>
No. 848178 ID: 094652

>>848126
"... They're that bad. Especially Anna. She's insane. Please help me."
>>
No. 848214 ID: b1b4f3

Who did you find to be the innocent that shielded you from the catacombs darkness?
>>
No. 848259 ID: 65a774
File 151180732059.png - (63.07KB , 686x526 , 17.png )
848259

>Who did you find to be the innocent that shielded you from the catacombs darkness?
You… you… err… oh right, it was your librarian friend! Sebekte, the male Hiver! You remember now.
>Then who did other-you lay with that other-Bri walked in on which pushed her towards a mental tipping point which would have led to her committing suicide if not for other-you intervening in her dream?
…you’re pretty sure you would remember something like that happening. Ugh, no, you’re pretty sure this… whatever that name was, doesn’t exist.

>Remember what you know about this world's Thalia and her life. How and when did she come into your employ as your bodyguard?
She became your bodyguard about a year ago. According to herself she was resigned to this post because the old generals and military leaders was afraid she would climb the ranks to fast… so she were put somewhere she wouldn’t be able to show off her skills. Thus, your bodyguard.
>When did she change from male to female, from Thalios to Thalia?
…wait, she’s been a man!? Hmm… she was in the dream, wasn’t she?
>Does she still have a penis in this timeline?
…does she? You… you have no idea… why does the thought of peeking on her at the baths seem even more alluring now? Damn curiosity…

>You should follow Cain's advice and not say anything, break eye contact and look down.
You quickly break away from Thalia’s hard gaze and start looking at your own feet, all the while you try to make yourself as small as possible.
:ThaliaCB: …do you honestly believe I’m going to fall for this?
:CainSB: Fall for what, ma’am?
:ThaliaCB: That is obviously the Prince.
:CainSB: Why, I never. Are you honestly accusing this old lady of being the prince!? Are you going to grab anyone who has remotely similar feather color?
:ThaliaCB: Blue feathers are rare.
:CainSB: But not unheard off. You can’t assume everyone with a royal coat of blue actually is royalty, can we now? Otherwise there would be thousands of royals running around in the city, no?
:ThaliaCB: Hmfp… and what do you have to say, “old lady”.
:CainSB: She cannot talk. She was born a mute.
:ThaliaCB: A likely story.
:CainSB: So now you’re not only verbally attacking old ladies, but crippled ones as well? For shame…
:ThaliaCB: …you know, I might actually have been fooled if it wasn’t for one of your breast slowly falling downwards, Prince.
:KronosSB: Oh cra- I mean Oh dear…
:ThaliaCB: So can we stop with the charades already?

>Desperate times call for desperate measures, General Thalia.
:ThaliaCB: And desperate measures is pretending to be a woman?
:KronosSB: As you said, I almost fooled you!
:ThaliaCB: That’s usually what happens when you play the fool, Prince… Now can you stop fooling around and come with me before you father get even angrier? He has already had enough with your brothers shenanigans that he won’t tolerate yours as well.
:KronosSB: W-wait! I'm in the process of lining up an alternative that's much better for not only myself, but the kingdom as a whole. The families Father invited won't even take her as a slight!
:ThaliaCB: …really? You’ve found some servant girl to woo all the sudden?
:KronosSB: She is none other than the daughter of the Zadian Empress herself! She is currently waiting for me in her quarters!
:ThaliaCB: Wait, the empress have a- you mean the bastard? Ha! You know what… I want to see this. Fine, you’ve convinced me, Prince, I’ll help present the… lady to the King.
:KronosSB: Wait what? Really?
:ThaliaCB: Yes… because I can’t wait to see how much you’ll mess this one up. So fix your disguise and I’ll make sure you’ll get by the guards.
:CainSB: I guess my work here is done, then…
:ThaliaCB: You’re coming with us, Cain. Prince, you’ll take the cart and follow me.
:KronosSB: *Sigh* of course, General Thalia…
:ThaliaCB: Lieutenant. Now stop whining and get a move on.
>>
No. 848261 ID: 65a774
File 151180736527.png - (68.40KB , 686x526 , 18.png )
848261

With the help of Thalia you easily bypass the guards at the entrances and the three of you manage to push the cart into the palace without any real problem. Some of the female guards do stare at you skeptically… but most male guards are too busy looking at… other assets to notice anything amiss. Some of the female ones as well… either way, so long as nothing else comes up you’ll have no problem getting to-

-your father, the king, is heading your way… and he looks furious.

:HeliosCB: Lieutenant Thalia, how goes the search? Have you found my son yet!?
:ThaliaCB: Err… n-no, my lord. But we have a good lead that he might be hiding in the garden, your liege!
:HeliosCB: …then what in the blazes are you doing here!?
:ThaliaCB: …questioning Cain? The guards are already searching through every tree trunk in the garden so…
:CainSB: But sadly I don’t know anything, sir. Last time I saw the Prince was when I took his clothes from him earlier today.
:HeliosCB: …took his- ah, yes, for the laundry, of course. Very well, continue on then.
:ThaliaCB: Of course, sir!
:HeliosCB: Oh yes, and one more thing... Cain, about this package you gave me.

Your father puts down a rather large book on the cart… one simply titled “Strange Bedfellows”.

:HeliosCB: Who in their right mind would read this kind of drivel? Throw it into the furnace at once, Cain.
:CainSB: Burn it, sir? Isn’t that a bit of a harsh criticism? I believe the common response is to write a burning review to the author and not actually burn the book, sir.
:HeliosCB: Do what you will with it, as long as it disappear from my view. Give it to Kronos or something… the book seems to be about him.
:CainSB: Kronos, sir?
:HeliosCB: Yes, it is some kind of badly written fanfiction about my son… are you sure you delivered this right?
:CainSB: It was addressed to the phoenix lord, sir.
:HeliosCB: Hmm… I have never heard that title before… no matter, continue the search for my son, as I have several angry nobles to calm down.
:ThaliaSB: Of course, sir!

But just as he is about to leave his gaze falls to you… and lock itself there.

:HeliosCB: Have… have we met before, young lady? I know I have seen you somewhere before…
>>
No. 848262 ID: d9cd96

Make some calm, apparently symbolic gestures over your chest and hope that your father can't see that you're faking sign language. Also, you'll want that book.
>>
No. 848265 ID: 2aeb21

Rub your throat and exhale in a universal "I'm mute", and shake your head no.
>>
No. 848268 ID: 2aeb21

Also no matter what, make sure that book doesn't get burned. You and Bri can read it together once you get to safety and have some time!
>>
No. 848273 ID: 91ee5f

>>848259
>…you know, I might actually have been fooled if it wasn’t for one of your breast slowly falling downwards, Prince.
Kronos, how the fuck did you not notice that?! You were even looking down at your feet! How did you not notice one of your "breasts" start falling?!

>>848261
Remember, keep quiet, you're supposed to be mute! Now that both Cain and Thalia are helping, you should be able to get passed your father! And do the same things you did with Thalia by being nervous and looking at your feet.

And for fuck's sake, if you're looking down and see your "breasts" start dropping, then don't just stand there and let them fall! Cross your arms under your "breasts" so that you look like you're nervously hugging yourself! That way you can hold your "breasts" up and look nervous about being in front of the King! .....even though you're not acting and you really are nervous.
>>
No. 848274 ID: ab961f

>>848261
Hah, I knew he was talking about the book.
Remain silent. Stick with plan mute.
Definitely take the book, read the preface and the ending first, to verify it is what it seems like it is. Then ask Thalia to skim it for you to see if there's anything in it you would rather not remember.
>>
No. 848282 ID: 33cbe7

Stick your nose in the book.
>>
No. 848290 ID: 91ee5f

>>848282
Not right now!
>>
No. 848342 ID: 600f38

>>848261
Cast your eyes down, shake your head, and shuffle away.
>>
No. 848351 ID: 094652

>Sebekte, the male Hiver!
Looks like your memories involving people who were born differently have been deleted due to identity overload. There goes our candidate for Miss Hiver Butt of The Year.

On the plus side, there's even more women in the kingdom in this timeline to have affairs with!

>But just as he is about to leave his gaze falls to you… and lock itself there.
Quick, distract him with magic toasters!
>>
No. 848352 ID: 91ee5f

>>848351
No, bad Kome! You stop that!
>>
No. 848380 ID: fe7355

Keep in character, same as before. Act as nervous and deferential as a common servant lady would be if she was suddenly before the king. Keep your beak shut, lower your eyes and nod to indicate "yes." Cain's cover story is that you're a mute palace servant gal, so agreeing with what Helios asked would fit that story. Then cover your beak with one hand in a sign that you're mute and point towards Cain with the other hand, along with glancing towards him. That'll be his cue to pipe up and start weaving his web of bullshit to cover for you. With a little luck, your father'll be satisfied enough and leave for more pressing matters.

Stay in character after your father is out of sight and remain so until you're sure you're in private and can safely drop character and speak again. Let Cain carry the book while you push the cart. You'll take it once you're safely at your destination.

And you know what this book is: It's the written account by Chronicler of what happened in the other timeline. You remember other-you even suggested the title. And other-you was the phoenix, so the "Phoenix Lord" the book is addressed to is likely you. Now you have to wonder if this is a advance copy of a print run that'll go out to bookstores across Risavia or just a one off. When it's safe to speak, ask Cain about when and by whom this book arrived. And also look at who it shows the author as, as well as the printer and copyright info.

You didn't really think about it until you had the memories of another world's Helios to stand in stark comparison to, but your father is quite fit and handsome for a man of fifty. ...Wait, how'd your father get that notch taken out of his beak? It's in the same spot as the other world's Helios, but that was from a failed assassination attempt orchestrated by Krotos', or maybe Brianthor's, conspirators. Was there a assassination attempt on your father, just by a different party?

>Wait, the empress have a- you mean the bastard? Ha!
Ah, right, in this timeline there wasn't need to legitimize Briannah because the Zadian empress didn't need a daughter to marry to you as part of binding the alliance. Though, why is it seemingly common knowledge that Briannah is the bastard daughter of the empress? In the other timeline the empress made sure it was kept secret right up until she needed to legitimize Briannah, so what changed in this timeline?

>…does she? You… you have no idea… why does the thought of peeking on her at the baths seem even more alluring now? Damn curiosity…
Oh, and not for any other reasons too?~ *eyebrow waggle* ...But seriously, if she is transgender then she's keeping it a secret, or at least not announcing it. It's her choice alone to share and you shouldn't stick your beak into her personal business.

>*Sigh* of course, General Thalia…
>Lieutenant. Now stop whining and get a move on.
This points towards Thalia not dream-remembering her life in the other timeline, but it's not conclusive. She wasn't napping during the day like you and Bri were, so it might come to her the next time she goes to sleep.

>>848262
Lets not get too clever, please. With Kronos' luck it'd turn out that his father knows at least some Risavian sign-language and it'll turn into a verbal scramble on Cain's part to save the situation.

>>848274
>Then ask Thalia to skim it for you to see if there's anything in it you would rather not remember.
Lets try to keep Thalia from reading this book. She will not be happy about being used as a character without her permission, some of how she's depicted in it, nor the facts it may reveal about her that are also true in this world that she doesn't want revealed. And she'll also be pissed off about the raunchy line Kronos uses near the end to distract the Six, about worshiping her big, fat cock.

>>848351
>Quick, distract him with magic toasters!
Heh. Does your dad have the same infatuation with novel magic devices that the other world's Helios had, Kronos?
>>
No. 848425 ID: 84c07e

Take book with you.
>>
No. 848429 ID: 91ee5f

>>848425
He placed it on the cart. And since we're pushing the cart, we're obviously gonna be taking it with us.
>>
No. 848450 ID: 65a774
File 151191590568.png - (77.68KB , 686x526 , 19.png )
848450

>You know what this book is: It's the written account by Chronicler of what happened in the other timeline. You remember other-you even suggested the title.
…so it truly was more than just a dream? That book… that chronicle… it can prove so much to those that remember.
>You'll want that book.
You definitely want that book, yes… hopefully Cain will keep it for now.
>Look at who it shows the author as, as well as the printer and copyright info.
Printer? Copy what now? Do you mean a book press? You’re pretty sure they don’t write any info about those in the books.

>Peeking at bath to sate your curiosity? Oh, and not for any other reasons too?~ *eyebrow waggle*
… … …you’re not going to dignify that thought with an answer.
>Your father is quite fit and handsome for a man of fifty.
As he often says, “it is our duty as royalty to serve both our people and ourselves, neither which can be accomplished with a withering husk of a body. That and it really impresses the ladies”… of course, what ladies he need to impress sans mother is a mystery.
>...Wait, how'd your father get that notch taken out of his beak?
It was the last ArchBishop… what was her name… Elete? No, that was the name she had in the dream… you can’t remember her real name… but she tried to overthrow father and start a war with the help of imperial extremists… but it failed and she was hanged for her crimes.


>Rub your throat and exhale in a universal "I'm mute", and shake your head no. And do the same things you did with Thalia by being nervous and looking at your feet.
Once again you try to disappear into the floor while doing a weak motion over your throat before gesturing towards Cain.
:HeliosCB: Hmm? You go something in your throat?
:CainSB: She is a mute, sir… she cannot talk.
:HeliosCB: A mute? Really? Hmm… why, having a servant that actually keep quiet for once would be a boon right about now…
:CainSB: Sir? If you’ll excuse my rashness but… didn’t you have a meeting with the nobles?
:HeliosCB: Hmm? Oh yes, I do… but I am currently in no mood for that foolishness… dammit, Kronos, my son… where are you?
:ThaliaCB: My liege, you sound a bit stressed out… why don’t you sit down and relax for a moment in your study?
:CainSB: Oh, you can cook some bread in that bread cooker you like so much, sir.
:HeliosCB: Hmmm… cooked bread? Yes that does sound lovely right about now.
:CainSB: So if you’ll excuse us, sir-
:HeliosCB: And having a servant by my side that doesn’t constantly talk sounds lovely as well.
:CainSB: …Sir, I still ne-
:HeliosCB: You have convinced me, Cain. I’ll take a little break. Thalia, continue the search.
:ThaliaCB: SIR!
:HeliosCB: Cain, continue with my sons laundry… as for you, pretty servant lady, you’ll come with me.

Oh no…

:CainSB: But sir, I st-
:HeliosCB: Cain, if you really require help for such an easy task go find someone else. No, you young lady is coming with me to help me release some stress… and maybe give me something sweet for my lips.

Oh no.

:CainSB: Bu-
:HeliosCB: No Cain. Go on with your duty and drop this. I need someone to polish my royal specter and crown before the meeting, someone that won’t constantly sprout “my liege” or “sir” every five seconds.
:ThaliaSB: But m-my liege…
:CainSB: Sir...can’t y-
:HeliosCB: Cain, I told you to drop it. She is coming with me and that is final.

OH NO!

:HeliosCB: Now I do wonder, can I work you hard enough to force you to make a sound, hmm? Hehe, I’m just joking, no need to worry your pretty little head about it…

Is this actually happening or has he seen through your ruse and is just messing with you now!?
>>
No. 848453 ID: 33cbe7

It's both and he doesn't care.
>>
No. 848454 ID: 3ce125

>>848450
Hide behind Thalia.
>>
No. 848456 ID: 91ee5f

>>848450
Uhhhh.....uhhhh.....uhhhh.....what's the universal hand signal for "I have to go to the bathroom"?! Because whatever it is, do it now and quickly run off like you're about to piss yourself!

Or just attempt to pick up the book and "accidentally" drop it on his foot and run for it!

Or pray that your mother shows up and stops him from trying to bed a servant girl!

Or all of the above!
>>
No. 848514 ID: fe7355

If he's messing with you in such a way as this, then you've lost some respect for your father. If he's not messing with you and really is forcing a servant lady into sexual acts with him, then you've lost a much larger chunk of respect for your father. Either way, you're not gonna make it easy for him. And while there is a very small chance what he said isn't just thinly veiled allusions to sex, you're not gonna bet on that.

Change in character: Act like a servant gal who's been taken advantage of and abused who can't stand to have it happen again, even if it's the king. Back up, hold yourself tighter and start shivering like a leaf. Squeeze your eyes together like you're about to sob and shake your head "no" vigorously, while moving behind either Cain or Thalia. And if he touches you, jerk away hard. If in the face of this your father either keeps on going or drops this despicable charade and admits he knows it's you, then you have no choice but to make a run for it. If he relents, then you're home free.

What's the palace guard situation around here? How about your father's bodyguards? Think you could hike up your skirt with one hand, restrain your fake bosom with the other and succeed in fleeing before they can react to your father's orders and grab you? Think you could dodge them even in your current getup?
>>
No. 848584 ID: 65a774
File 151197827827.png - (65.12KB , 686x526 , 20.png )
848584

>It's both and he doesn't care.
OH FIVE NO!
>You've lost some respect for your father.
If he really means it in the way you think he is… then yes, yes you have.
>What's the palace guard situation around here? How about your father's bodyguards?
The Royal guard is currently surrounding your group… and they are looking really skeptical at you in particular, seemingly ready to strike if you so much tried to pull some kind of weapon out.

>Change in character: Act like a servant gal who's been taken advantage of and abused who can't stand to have it happen again, even if it's the king.
You “pretend” to panic and pretty much throw yourself behind Thalia in a vain attempt to try and hide yourself.
:HeliosCB: Hmm? Is something wrong?
:CainSB: She… she has a bit of a history with men that ask her things like that…
:ThaliaCB: Hey, hands off.
:CainSB: That’s why she’s mute, sir… it’s a mental thing.
:HeliosCB: …ah? Yet she chooses to work here? Peculiar… no matter, I’ll just get another servant then.

Just then, a poor male servant passes by and gets the full attention of your father.

:HeliosCB: You there, servant. Come here.
:NonSB: Y-yes my liege.
:HeliosCB: I order you to be quiet.
:NonSB: Yes my liege!
:HeliosCB: That includes “Yes my liege”!
:NonSB: Y-yes my… err…
:HeliosCB: If you can shut your beak for a while you will be compensated for your trouble.
:NonSB:
:HeliosCB: That’s better. Now, I need you to polish my royal specter and crown… I do believe I left the crown in my study… and the specter is right here in my hand, of course.
:NonSB:
:HeliosCB: And then I need something to drink… something sweet… I do believe we might have some cider around the study… or other fruit drinks. Find something in my study and surprise me, Servant.
:NonSB:
:HeliosCB: And I really need to release some stress from my shoulders… my neck is killing me right now. You don’t happen to be capable of massaging?
:NonSB:
:HeliosCB: You can answer that.
:NonSB: I… err… think I can give a decent shoulder massage? …my liege?
:HeliosCB: Good, good… Then give me one after you give me my drink, Servant.
:NonSB: Yes m-*Cough* … …
:HeliosCB: *Sigh* Good help these days… just work hard and I’ll reward you extra…

As your father starts to walk away with his new servant in tow you can hear the royal guards whisper to each other…

:NonSB: I’m pretty sure that servant was a guy in a dress.
:NonSB: Shh, don’t be rude! She can choose to be whatever she wants to be.
:NonSB: I’m just saying…

As soon as your father rounds the corner, all three of you realeses a breath you didn’t know you were holding.

:ThaliaCB: That was too close…
>>
No. 848586 ID: 2aeb21

So your father likes double entendre jokes, then? Is this something you already knew or a revelation? Whatever, get to safety and crack open that book!
>>
No. 848587 ID: 3ce125

>>848584
Okay that was weird, let's just continue on now.
>>
No. 848590 ID: 91ee5f

>>848584
Continue going to Bri's room.

When you get there, ask Cain to take that book up to your room for you to read it later. And if Bri happens to comment on your disguise, tell her that it was Cain's idea and you can't complain because it worked.

Also, I certainly hope you're wearing your normal clothes under that disguise. Otherwise, you'll have to keep being a mute woman when you leave Bri's room. Or you can just take a clean change of clothes from the laundry cart.
>>
No. 848592 ID: 2aeb21

>>848590
Don't you wanna open up the book nooowww (well, when you get to the damn bedroom)? I'm sure both of you are curious! And you can finally bond over these memories, like you've been wanting to do!
>>
No. 848604 ID: d9cd96

Just take the book to Briannah's bedroom. You'll have plenty of time to peruse it together.
>>
No. 848677 ID: fe7355

Remember your cover and silently nod in agreement. Gods damn, you're sweating bucketfuls from that, which your disguise is not helping with at all. You are not gonna be daisy fresh when you get to Bri's room, that's for sure. But you can grab a clean change of clothes and a clean disguise off the laundry cart after you arrive.

What the heck was with your father? How can a man of his age, position, experience and mastery of speech-craft and diplomacy not catch the level of innuendo and veiled references coming off what he was saying? ...Has the stress of your hiding knocked him that far off his game? Well, you're still glad it was just a really poor choice of wording on his part and nothing worse.

Take a look at the cover of the book and see if it even names a author, then take hold of the cart handle. You're gonna push it along at a nice, safe pace so you don't collide with anyone along the way. It'd be just your luck to round a corner and knock a guard flat out on their ass if you rush. And once you get to Bri's room, make sure you go in alone first. Whatever secret Bri has in store for you might be the kind she wouldn't want a audience larger than you to see. And don't forget to bring the book as well.
>>
No. 848685 ID: 91ee5f

>>848677
>Remember your cover and silently nod in agreement.
Yeah, just in case someone is nearby.

>And once you get to Bri's room, make sure you go in alone first.
Make sure to knock first!

Just because Kronos is the prince and this is his home, that's no excuse for barging into a lady's room unannounced!
>>
No. 849080 ID: 65a774
File 151215811683.png - (30.82KB , 686x526 , 21.png )
849080

>So your father likes double entendre jokes, then? Is this something you already knew or a revelation?
You know he loves his puns, but like this? You’re not even sure if it was on purpose… maybe you’ve worked him a bit too hard by running off like this…
>You'll have to keep being a mute woman when you leave Bri's room.
Yes, better not get out of this getup just yet.

>Take a look at the cover of the book and see if it even names an author.
“A history penned by a Chronicler, dedicated to siblings of present and future.”
>Just take the book to Briannah's bedroom. You can finally bond over these memories, like you've wanted to do!
If this really is what you think it is then you have to show Bri as soon as possible! No time to waste!


>Continue going to Bri's room.
:CainSB: Actually, we need to stop by your room first.
:KronosSB: What, why?
:ThaliaCB: Because it would be a bit suspect if the Prince’s laundry was delivered to the guest quarters, no?
:CainSB: Not to mention it’s a bit odd that the Prince’s manservant and bodyguard would escort a poor, mute with blue coloring there as well.
:ThaliaCB: That too.
:KronosSB: Fine… Bri can wait a minute longer… but as soon as we reach my room I’m going there by myself.



As soon as your reach your room you rush off a fast as you can without gathering to much attention from other servants and guards. Soon enough, you find yourself outside a door… her door… your heart is pounding like mad just thinking about her…

>Make sure to knock first!
You give the door a quick rap in the beat of your heart.

:BriannahCB: Just a minute!
You can hear her… talking to someone… before something is moved…

:BriannahCB: You can come in!
>>
No. 849081 ID: 65a774
File 151215812590.png - (42.36KB , 686x526 , 22.png )
849081

As you enter, you find Briannah sitting alone on her bed…

:BriannahCB: Eh? Who are… wait… is that you under there!?
:KronosSB: Sorry for my getup, but I needed to-
:BriannahCB: By the ancestors, you’re just *Snrk*… just adorable, Kronos!
:KrotosSB: Kronos!?
>>
No. 849084 ID: 65a774
File 151215820844.png - (64.16KB , 686x526 , 23.png )
849084

Suddenly, your brother Krotos comes bursting out from one of the closets.

:KrotosSB: What are you doing here!?
:KronosSB: Eh!? What am I doing here? What are you doing here!?
:KrotosSB: And why are you in that ridicules-
:BriannahCB: Adorable.
:KrotosSB: …ridicules getup? Aren’t you supposed to be chased by father right now?
:KronosSB: …aren’t you supposed to be with your brides?
:KrotosSB: I am with my bride right now!
:BriannahCB: Actually, about that…
:KronosSB: How did you even get here?
:KrotosSB: Why, while you were making a scene I simply excused myself and walked away. That’s when I saw the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen and I simply needed to follow her back here. How did you get here?
:KronosSB: I… um… dressed up like a servant to sneak past the guards… after I met Briannah here in the garden and she asked me to come here.
:KrotosSB: …what, really?
:BriannahCB: I did met Kronos first, yes… but about the bride thing…
:KrotosSB: No matter, I am not going to let you ruin this for me! She is clearly the perfect bride for me.
:KronosSB: You wish, Brother. No, with this book I can prove that we’re made for each other!
:KrotosSB: A book? Really? At least come with flowers and poetry like I did.
:BriannahCB: Actually, boys… I’m already married.
:KrotosSB: :KronosSB: WHAT!?
:BriannahCB: Well… getting married… in three days…
:KronosSB: B-but… but… the dream…
:KrotosSB: This can’t be happening!

>I certainly hope you're wearing your normal clothes under that disguise.
…oh crap, right, you forgot that you don’t have your own clothes anymore.
>>
No. 849087 ID: 6f75e1

>>849084
It appears there's only one solution. You'll have to marry your brother.
>>
No. 849093 ID: ce679d

Actually, that book proves she's compatible with either of you, if you read closely.

But the question at hand is:

Who is she getting married to, and can that he stopped??
>>
No. 849094 ID: 3ce125

Kaktus it's spelled "ridiculous".

>>849084
Yes, of course Krotos would want her too. Please don't get in a big fight with your brother over this. You both loved her, so you'll just have to share.

...married to who? Maybe you three can just be secret lovers or something. Make some little bastards of your own.
>>
No. 849104 ID: 600f38

>>849084
"To whom?
Also, this was just delivered to the palace. Read it and then decide."
>>
No. 849125 ID: 65a774
File 151217138930.png - (19.91KB , 686x526 , 24.png )
849125

>Please don't get in a big fight with your brother over this. You both loved her, so you'll just have to share.
Share? You can’t really share a wife, can you? ...can you?
>Actually, that book proves she's compatible with either of you, if you read closely.
No matter what the book say you don’t think anyone will agree to a double wedding like this…
>Maybe you three can just be secret lovers or something. Make some little bastards of your own.
You can’t stand it that someone else would spend their life with Bri instead of you! …actually, why do you feel like this… the dream wasn’t that lucid… yet… you suddenly remember everything?

>To whom?
:BriannahCB: ‘is name is general Calcias.
:KrotosSB: That old fart? But… why!?
:BriannahCB: Because it’s diplomacy. Trust me, if it was up to me I would find someone more suitable and not someone who’s best years is already behind ‘im. Besides, I’m pretty sure ‘is fancy is a bit different, seeing ‘ow ‘e interact with me brother, eh?
:KronosSB: Can it be stopped?
:KrotosSB: Of course it can! We’re the Princes of this nation! Our word is law!
:BriannahCB: Yet still yah are forced into a marriage yah don’t want?
:KrotosSB: That’s not… father is just so… shortsighted.
:BriannahCB: Hehe… I’m sure ‘e is.
:KronosSB: But she is right. How are we supposed to convince father that I can-
:KrotosSB: You mean I can-
:BriannahCB: Now, boys, don’t fight over little old me, eh?
:KronosSB: *Sigh* There appears that there is only one solution! I have to marry my brother!
:BriannahCB: …eh?
:KrotosSB: What.
:KronosSB: I mean, you have to marry us both!
:KrotosSB: That doesn’t… what!?
:BriannahCB: A threesome, eh? Hehe… while tempting, I don’t think that will work, ‘on.

:KrotosSB: Of course it won’t work. I… l know I just met her, but I love her more than anything and I just feel that… that we’ve been together forever… and that is not something I want to have to share with you, brother.
:KronosSB: Well, I don’t want to share her either, but I don’t think us two fighting will win over father at all.
:KrotosSB: Then there is only one thing we can do! I challenge you to a duel!
:KronosSB: …err…
:KrotosSB: As in, a competition, not an actual gun duel. Winner get Bri.
:KronosSB: You’re on. I am going to completely destroy you to show my undying love for her!
:BriannahCB: …or I can just choose the one I love the most after a date or two?
:KronosSB: I… I mean that’s… err…
:KrotosSB: But we don’t have a date or two? Father wants us to find someone today!
:BriannahCB: Well, if yah want a competition yah can always compete in who can make the best sandwich or spitroast, eh?
:KrotosSB: A cooking contest, eh? Why, I’ll have that in the bag already…
:KronosSB: …I don’t think she means cooking, Bro…
:KrotosSB: Then what… oh… OH.
:BriannahCB: *Snrk* I’m just joking, of course… I just wanted to see ye faces when yah got it, hehe… but seriously, we need to work this out, eh? Both with ye father and with the both of yah.
>>
No. 849130 ID: 3ce125

>>849125
If only you could clone Briannah.

Anyway, the situation has changed enough that you can probably go talk to your father directly. All three of you go visit the King.
Uh, you should probably stop by your room first to get changed.

Hey, how is Tim in this timeline? Are you going to have to twist his arm to get him to go out on a date with someone, again?
>>
No. 849134 ID: 91ee5f

>>849125
Stop treating Bri like some kind of trophy to be won! She's a living person that can think for herself, not some kind of object! You should be ashamed of yourself! Apologize right this instant!

Ask Krotos if he's gonna try to pull some kind of dirty underhanded tactic to get you out of the way? For example, telling father where you are. Because if he did something like that, then that would make him an asshole.

>What do?
Since your memories have been fully restored, if you can get Bri to fully remember also, then you might have a better chance of her choosing you.

Maybe ask Bri if she remembers any of the things both of you have done together?
>>
No. 849160 ID: 3ce125

...you know, something tells me it's going to be Krotos who ends up with Briannah. Kronos fell in love with a heavily scarred Briannah. Krotos fell in love with her before she got those scars. Also, the first person Briannah thought of was Krotos. I wonder if she ever really loved you Kronos? Or did you just remind her of Krotos? Did you ever really love HER, or was that Xuv's influence on you?

Come to think of it, you first thought of Belseth when you met Briannah again here, didn't you? You liked Belseth a lot too, and your blessing can uh... get him pregnant, somehow, according to Xuv. Maybe it would be better for everyone if you let Krotos have Briannah while you reunite with Belseth instead.
You could marry Belseth right? Gay marriage is a thing? Ah, for that option you're probably going to have to find Belseth again before you talk to the King.
Even if you can't have kids with Belseth you could find a surrogate mother. Or Briannah could be that surrogate mother, and you could share custody. It'd be complicated, but I think it would work out okay.
>>
No. 849173 ID: 8cb228

But there's a LOT of 'weird complex ways to make this work', cause nobles CAN get away with a lot as long as they manage to fit 'doing something weird' into the whole, 'good for the state' thing. You don't want to focus on any one particular weird tweaky solution. At least, not yet. Argh, you need more time! Can the marriages all be delayed? SURELY you have some big world-wracking insight that the book can point you to dig up in the real world that would be cause to put some affairs of state on hold, yes? You learned a LOT of weirdness about the way things work in that other world...

Anyway, for more 'weird complex ways to make this work', how about this option: What are the rules and expectations for the 'marry for good of the state, produce an heir, and then have separate palaces or whatever, meet up for important events, and spend time with the one you REALLY want to be with', thing? Also exactly how are various forms of consensual or 'not exactly cheating' non-monogamy practiced in civilized lands?
>>
No. 849174 ID: 91ee5f

>>849160
>Give up on Bri.
After everything Kronos went through to actually be with Bri, I'm pretty sure he's not gonna give up on her now!
>>
No. 849175 ID: 3ce125

>>849173
Well since Kronos remembers everything clearly now, he could point out where to dig up the baby elementals, or at least that they EXIST. He could also inform Kira (if her memories are foggy) of the proper way to navigate the Catacombs and reach the Chamber of Six, which has that golem and wand that the kingdom can research.

Heck, with Kira backing him up on the book's legitimacy as a historical record of the previous timeline (or at least... something LIKE a historical record, depending on how much Chronicler embellished the details), we could postpone any marriages until things at least calm down a bit. That would give Briannah time to make a choice, without something silly like a duel deciding who gets to marry her. It'd also give Kronos time to meet Belseth again and see if there's any hard feelings.
>>
No. 849178 ID: 8cb228

What about the insights into things like the quantity of gods, the nature of how divinity works, how the cosmic power flows and pools and stuff, some of the insights into magic, elementals, golems, etc. etc.?

Also, can we infer what changes to the timeline actually happened that would render specific aspects of that kind of lore null and void?
>>
No. 849182 ID: 600f38

>>849125
Start humming the song you share with Bri.
>>
No. 849203 ID: fe7355

Take a moment to turn around and lock the door. With the way things have been going, someone barging in without knocking would not surprise you at all. And y'all need as much time as you can get together to hash this out. Which you'll get because you and Krotos have nowhere better to hide.

Ask Krotos to step back and look at this whole situation for a minute. Doesn't it feel out of place? Far fetched? Isn't it odd to him how he fell in love with Bri at first sight, to the point of proposing marriage? Did he even have a interest in Sakkilians before? Or how strange it is that you also suddenly fell for her too not more than two hours ago, and are now vying with him over her? After literally tripping over her while running through the garden woods, mind you. Or how peculiar that Briannah now having feelings for you two out of the blue is? ...She does, right? It feels kinda like the plot of one of those romance novels Karen reads leaked into our heads, doesn't it? But there's a reason we suddenly feel this way, and it's not that.

Ask Krotos to mentally examine his love towards Bri and if he can remember anything else connected to it that feels like it's out of place in his memory. Or for that matter, anything else he remembers that's out of place. Tell him you're asking this because you and Bri literally shared a extremely vivid lucid dream, or rather more a nightmare. Another world, another timeline, another us, another life. One where you and her were deeply in love, but before he died she was in love with Krotos, and him with her. But it wasn't just a dream, it's the memories from us from another timeline, one that is gone because the past was changed to prevent a horrible war and bring about the world we're in now. And now you have not just your and Bri's memories of that world but this book too, a written account of that other timeline.

Now that you remember everything of your other self's memories and feelings, you also remember how much he loved his brother Krotos. You're not going to let such a old trope as two brothers falling for the same lady driving a wedge between them get the best of either of you. You're not gonna let this turn into a backstory for why the princes fell out with each other. And give your brother a hug, partly to help defuse the tension, and partly for other you.

But enough of the reasons for why we're suddenly smitten with Briannah and she with us two. If we're to get the chance to discover if we love her or she loves either or both of us for who she and us are in this world and not by the memories and feelings of us from another world, then we need to work out a plan.

First, how can you and Krotos convince your father to put off choosing a bride yet again? Or maybe you two can just put your feet down and say you won't be forced into a marriage and you refuse to pick. What would happen then? How much would your father burn his relationship with either of you over this? Because he could put you two under all but house arrest, or just choose the brides for you two and keep you both confined 'till the weddings. Doesn't mean he would, but how far would he go at this point? Would he be okay with smoldering or even greater resentment of him by you or Krotos?

What could get Briannah out of the marriage to Calcias? Would a marriage to either you or Krotos be a acceptable substitute? ...Or maybe don't break the marriage to Calcias. Would he be okay with him and Bri living basically separate lives, and with whomever they wish. You don't need marriage to spend the rest of your life with Bri, after all. And Calcias'll kick the bucket sooner rather than later, so Bri can remarry.

Muse out loud that at least some of the bridal candidates for you and your brother are probably in the same boat as you and him, in that they don't want to be forced into a marriage. Perhaps they were actively trying to repulse you and Krotos so they wouldn't get picked. Might even have been one or two lesbians in the bunch. But you're thinking that such candidates know it's all for politics and whatnot, so they'd be receptive to working out a deal where you'd live basically separate lives after being married. Then you and Krotos could pursue a life with anyone you'd like. And screw keeping it secret. Everyone knows the majority of noble marriages have lovers on the side. This'd just be honest about it and not trying to keep up a flimsy facade.

And why does Bri have to choose between you or Krotos? What's keeping her from choosing both? Of course, it's her choice ultimately. ...But how does the thought of striding into a grand gala with a prince on each arm strike her?

And then there's always the more drastic options, such as us all running off together and going into hiding, leaving our lives behind. But those you'd rather not consider unless you're out of other options.

Briannah said she had to do something secret before you met up in her room and you're wondering what that was. Would she mind telling you?

>A cooking contest, eh? Why, I’ll have that in the bag already…
Oh, is Krotos a good cook?
>>
No. 849214 ID: 094652

>All of the above wackiness
Do you have friends anymore?
>>
No. 849215 ID: 33cbe7

For the love of god, start your own quest and let Kaktus write his own updates.
You didn't restart the world just for your sake - you did it for everyone's. And that world includes Krotos and his relationship with Bri.
This concubine plan is worth a shot, typical of the nobles in court - let us sort out a bride to give your hand in marriage while you find a nice Hiver lass to give your heart.
A classic tale of forbidden love!
>>
No. 849217 ID: d9cd96

Consolation price can be Bri's brother. If marriage with a sakkilian isn't enough to stir things up, then marriage with a male sakkilian should definitely do it.
>>
No. 849341 ID: 3ce125

...come to think of it, since the war didn't happen, Belseth never became a war hero, which means his ego will be less inflated. And that makes him more likeable.
>>
No. 849509 ID: 65a774
File 151230605546.png - (26.70KB , 686x526 , 25.png )
849509

>Oh, is Krotos a good cook?
Of course not… but the bar isn’t very high when going up against you, is it?
>SURELY you have some big world-wracking insight that the book can point you to dig up in the real world that would be cause to put some affairs of state on hold, yes?
Not on this short notice… nor do you think even finding the gods would actually stop the wedding... they can be done at the same time, after all.

>Ask Krotos to step back and look at this whole situation for a minute. Doesn't it feel out of place? Farfetched? Isn't it odd to him how he fell in love with Bri at first sight, to the point of proposing marriage?
:KrotosSB: First sight? Brother, this magnificent lady has been in my dreams for years.
:BriannahCB: Yah had that dream as well? Wait… years?
:KrotosSB: Well, only last night, but it felt like years!
:KronosSB: So you remember it too?
>It wasn't just a dream, it's the memories from us from another timeline, one that is gone because the past was changed to prevent a horrible war and bring about the world we're in now.
:KrotosSB: That… that’s sounds ridiculous!
:BriannahCB: But it is true… we think.
:KronosSB: We know… thanks to this!
:KrotosSB: The book?
:KronosSB: Everything that happened to me… to us, is written in here.
:KrotosSB: Hmm… really? Then it really wasn’t a dream?

>Maybe ask Bri if she remembers any of the things both of you have done together?
:BriannahCB: Oh yes… remember when we just laid on top of the great cliff and watched the stars together…
:KrotosSB: That was with me.
:BriannahCB: Oh… um… ‘ow about when we ‘ad dinner at the edge of the sea with-
:KrotosSB: Also me.
:BriannahCB: Was it? Are yah sure? Hmm… didn’t yah ‘elp me reforge my father’s blade, Krotos, and not ‘ave dinner with me at the edge of the sea?
:KronosSB: No, that was with me, Bri…
:BriannahCB: Oh… yah know, the two of yah just look so much alike…
:KrotosSB: Well, this is going to get complicated, isn’t it?
>Start humming the song you share with Bri.
You start humming the song… your song… but as soon as you start your brother joins in…
:KrotosSB: That song…
:BriannahCB: It is our song, isn’t it?
:KronosSB: W-wait, but…
:KrotosSB: Err… while we did listen to it often, I don’t think we considered it our song… did we?
:BriannahCB: I meant that it was my and Kronos song but… we did listen to it as well, didn’t we? I just really like it, that’s all.

>Ask Krotos if he's gonna try to pull some kind of dirty underhanded tactic to get you out of the way? For example, telling father where you are.
:KrotosSB: What? No! Never! You’re my brother, I would never throw you under the cart like that. I mean… I admit I might have cheated a bit if I was losing one of those duels but… not like that.
>Give your brother a hug.
You embrace your brother like as if you haven’t seen him for years… and he does the same.
:KrotosSB: I… I’m sorry, brother, we shouldn’t fight like this.
:KronosSB: You’re right… we are brothers… we should work together.
:KrotosSB: No matter which one of us she choose… I am still your brother, remember that… and I love you. Just… can you get out of that stupid getup because it’s kind of weird hugging you in it?
:KronosSB: Hmm? But I like this getup… and I love you to, Brother. Let the best man win her heart?
:KrotosSB: Let the best man win…
:BriannahCB: Now kiss~
:KrotosSB: :KronosSB: Dammit, Bri…
:BriannahCB: Hehe…
>>
No. 849510 ID: 65a774
File 151230606646.png - (52.32KB , 686x526 , 26.png )
849510

>The situation has changed enough that you can probably go talk to your father directly. All three of you go visit the King.
:KrotosSB: Hmm… if all three of us speak with him together…
:BriannahCB: I’m sure ‘e will see reason? Or at least listen to us?
>Maybe you two can just put your feet down and say you won't be forced into a marriage and you refuse to pick. What would happen then?
:KrotosSB: Worst case? He locks us in our rooms until we are married. Best case? He might actually listen.
>What could get Briannah out of the marriage to Calcias? Would a marriage to either you or Krotos be an acceptable substitute?
:BriannahCB: Why… a marriage to a Prince… or a marriage to some old military fart? What would bring more prestige, hmm?
:KrotosSB: I’m pretty sure the problem might be on our side of the deal. Angering all the nobles might not be the best idea just to get some extra points from the Empire…

>Why does Bri have to choose between you or Krotos? How does the thought of striding into a grand gala with a prince on each arm strike her?
:KrotosSB: That’s… but… t-that’s ridiculous! She can’t marry us both!?
:BriannahCB: Hehe… ‘aving two cute boys in each arm… why, it’s a dream come true. Especially if yah both wear cute dresses like Kronos ‘ere!
:KrotosSB: D-dresses!?
:BriannahCB: So cute~
>There's always the more drastic options, such as us all running off together and going into hiding, leaving our lives behind.
:KrotosSB: Yeah, no… that’s not… no.
:BriannahCB: As fun as that sounds, I ‘ave an obligation with my nation to fulfill. Not only for me, but for my family… and clan…
>Briannah said she had to do something secret before you met up in her room and you're wondering what that was. Would she mind telling you?
:BriannahCB: Oh, that… well… I went and got my engagement ring. To show yah that I was already taken, yah ‘now… and to meet my brother too, apparently.
:KronosSB: B-Belseth!?
:BriannahCB: Oh, right… the two of yah were close, wasn’t yah? ‘e is just down the ‘all right now, in the nicer rooms, if yah want to see ‘im?
:KronosSB: …I… maybe?

>I wonder if she ever really loved you Kronos? Or did you just remind her of Krotos?
You… he… he did spend more time with her… and she remember him more than you… but… she still loves you… right?
>Did you ever really love HER, or was that Xuv's influence on you?
…you’re… you’re not sure… do you? Your heart goes crazy as soon as you see her but… what if it was just Xuv influence that did that?

>Come to think of it, you first thought of Belseth when you met Briannah again here, didn't you? You liked Belseth a lot too
…your heart flutter every time you see him as well... and you never had the chance to show how much you truly loved him, did you?
>You could marry Belseth right? Gay marriage is a thing?
It’s not common, but it happens… maybe you can… *sigh*

…you’re not sure what to do anymore… you heart tells you so many things right now.

Do you try and win over Briannah from your brother? Can you win her over?
Or do you try and convince Bri to marry you both? What if you turn into the third wheel?
…or maybe, just maybe… you go seek out Belseth instead… and leave brother with his love… and find your own?
>>
No. 849523 ID: 91ee5f

>>849510
Focus on Beatrix. She can't exist if you give up on Bri. And neither can her twin. So keep trying for Bri. The only thing you can do is try your best.

>Xuv's influence.
Xuv only opened the way for you. The rest of what happened was all you. Plus, like Old Man Life told you, he's letting you keep Xuv's other gift, so you can get non-Varkians pregnant.
>>
No. 849537 ID: 094652

>Beatrix
You gave her up. You're free to build a stranger legacy.

>Xuv's influence
Yep. All the chemical processes in your brain were flooded, and now your subconscious is compensating to justify your overwhelming emotions, which aren't there anymore because of the temporal collapse wavefunction

Look, drama is weird. Get used to it.
>>
No. 849547 ID: 3ce125

>>849523
Like I said we can just count on mpreg.

>>849510
Go see Belseth. See if he's super mad at you or something.
>>
No. 849561 ID: ce679d

Love is not just an emotion. It is a choice, shown in actions. Actions you actually took in the other timeline. When the mental influence waned in the other timeline, you chose to keep loving her and work toward making things work, even when things got weird in your mind and soul and heart.

Now, both of you loved her, and she loved both of you. And there were other lovers, other hearts as well in that timeline.

The question is: now what do you do?

Personally, I'd still want to spend some time, all three of you, looking through that book. Though getting the other people who also likely have their memories altered for the reading might be worthwhile?
>>
No. 849564 ID: 91ee5f

>>849547
>Like I said we can just count on mpreg.
Please, no.

Remember how pretty much all of the suggesters threw a temper tantrum when Kaktus included vore in the quest? Let's not put in something even weirder by asking for mpreg.
>>
No. 849583 ID: 3ce125

>>849564
I'm not asking for it, it's already there. Xuv outright said that she'd have accepted Kronos going with Belseth since there'd still be a pregnancy.
>>
No. 849588 ID: 91ee5f

>>849583
Then don't encourage something weird like that!
>>
No. 849590 ID: d9cd96

Man, the salt would be delicious. Go for Belseth, man! Bring the book.
>>
No. 849612 ID: 33cbe7

Marry a body pillow of your waifu Briannah. Life will find a way, remember?
>>
No. 849639 ID: 600f38

>>849510
Point out that, according to the book and what Life told you, you can father Bri's children.
Also point out that would probably be taken as a miraculous sign that the alliance has the favor of the gods, which... actually would be pretty accurate.
>>
No. 849650 ID: fe7355

>>849583
Are you sure Xuv said that? Can you find where she did and post the link here? Because what I remember is that Xuv didn't have enough power available to make it possible for a guy to get pregnant. That's a much taller order than just cross-species fertility between male and female. One that'd take more magic power than Xuv could bring to bear, or at least more than she was willing to use.

...And I just went back and re-read everything that Xuv said and while what I remembered wasn't spot on, it was close enough. I couldn't find any point where she said the blessing she gave Kronos could get Belseth or any other man pregnant. The only time where she talks about such things I could find is in >>/questarch/712092. In it Xuv told Kronos he was lucky she had a change of plans, otherwise she might have had to make it so Kronos would carry Belseth's child, seeing as he was so interested in Kronos.

If Xuv had already made it so Kronos could get Belseth pregnant, she wouldn't have to have even considered making it so Kronos could get pregnant. And since Xuv already had changed her plans to the easier way of Kronos impregnating Briannah, she wouldn't have spent the extra power to alter her blessing to allow Kronos to impregnate guys as well.

Also, if Xuv had made her cross-species fertility blessing also effective with all sexes from the start, she would not have been unsure of what to do when Kronos told her that Belseth is gay in >>/questarch/692001. If Kronos could have gotten Belseth pregnant, Xuv would have pushed Kronos to pursue Bel.

>>849590
Oh, c'mon! You're really going to base your choice on something as petty as whichever one would make more people saltier about it? But that aside, choosing Belseth isn't going to make more people more salty, since same-sex marriage is accepted in Risavia.
>>
No. 849712 ID: fe7355

Your hesitation in your thoughts of going to Belseth and leaving Briannah behind speaks to how you really feel. Belseth may make your heart flutter, might even be a love for you, but he is not the love of your life. He is not Briannah. She is who you saw your future with. Who you saw having children and raising a family with. The one you'd stand by through thick and thin, and her by you. For her, you would and you did move heaven and earth. You won't just give up on her.

...But you know that she is her own person, and if in the end her love was really for Krotos then you will accept it. You will mourn deeply, but you will not blame her nor try and force her to you. And if that happens you can still turn to Belseth and perhaps find a lasting love there, if he isn't with another by then. Which he very well could, since unlike you or Krotos he's free to find another to be with.

You know Krotos loves Briannah deeply too, and you don't want to put Bri in a position where she has to choose between two men who love her so much, so you'll try and convince Briannah to marry you both. It'll be tricky to balance, but you believe it can be done. And if you do turn into the third wheel, then you can only admit you and Bri weren't meant to be. But you'll do your darnedest to keep that from happening. And it won't be by pushing Krotos down or upstaging him. You'd rather cooperate with him and together give Briannah the love and life one as wonderful as she deserves.

But you do know there is one thing you can offer Briannah that your brother can't: You can have a child with her. A hybrid of Vark and Sakkilian, and one of both our bloodlines. This is possible because the Old Man chose not to remove Xuv's blessing of inter-species fertility from you as a gift for not abusing the River of Souls to become a god.

You know you, Bri and Krotos should have a talk with Belseth no matter what your choice is to find out how much he remembers of the other timeline. If he does remember, you don't know whether he's going to be pissed at you for yanking away his chance to become a god and do great works for the world or if he'll be satisfied with your changing the past making this world was good enough.

>Not only for me, but for my family… and clan…
How big is her family? Did her father marry or have any more children? You know you have two younger siblings in this world because... Y'know...

>You… he… he did spend more time with her… and she remember him more than you… but… she still loves you… right?
Yes, he did spend more time with Bri. And he was her first real love. And it was also when she had fewer mental scars. From all that she would remember him clearer and in a brighter light. But how much of their time together wasn't romance and good times? How much was when trouble happened and they had to work things out? Because a love that lasts is one that weathers adversity, both interpersonal and external. And in the week and a bit you had with Bri in which you two fell in love, you had that trouble in spades. And through it all, you never left her. Through it all, you helped her, supported her. And given the same amount of time she and Krotos had, you believe you'd have formed a even stronger love. And now, we have that time.

>Your heart goes crazy as soon as you see her but… what if it was just Xuv influence that did that?
No, your love of Briannah is true. When Xuv was ripped from your body and her suppression of your fear of Sakkilians went away, your love remained to carry you through that fear. If it was only because of Xuv, your love would have gone then as well. Besides, if Xuv had the power to mold your mind to such a degree she'd have made you love her first and turned you into her thrall.

I'm up way later than I should be to write this and getting the words down is like pulling teeth 'cause I'm so tired. I hope I didn't muck it up.
>>
No. 849776 ID: 65a774
File 151241938254.png - (83.01KB , 686x526 , 27.png )
849776

>Focus on Beatrix. She can't exist if you give up on Bri.
Except… she still can, can’t she? Either through surrogate or… you know, seeing as Krotos was Xuv first choice… maybe he got the same blessing as you do?
>Xuv only opened the way for you. The rest of what happened was all you.
…maybe it was. Maybe you truly do love her…
>...But you know that she is her own person, and if in the end her love was really for Krotos then you will accept it.
Love her enough to let her go even…
>Love is not just an emotion. It is a choice, shown in actions. Actions you actually took in the other timeline.
You did so much for each other… endured so much… sacrificed so much…
>When the mental influence waned in the other timeline, you chose to keep loving her and work toward making things work…
You did, didn’t you… you never did give up on her… and neither did she give up on you.

>Go see Belseth. See if he's super mad at you or something.
Part of you really wants to just leave all this and go see Belseth instead… but you get a feeling that in doing so you’ll… close some doors to open others…
>He is not Briannah. She is who you saw your future with. Who you saw having children and raising a family with. The one you'd stand by through thick and thin, and her by you.
You did… yet… weren’t many of those fantasies conceived by a mind seeking something impossible?
>Yep. All the chemical processes in your brain were flooded, and now your subconscious is compensating to justify your overwhelming emotions, which aren't there anymore because of the temporal collapse wavefunction.
…you… what? You guess it can be some kind of aftereffect from what Xuv did but… um…?
>Marry a body pillow of your waifu Briannah. Life will find a way, remember?
…you’d like to believe you love her for more than just her visage.


>Spend some time, all three of you, looking through that book.
:KronosSB: Huh… it seems to be written from… my perspective? It’s start with a nightmare I had a few days ago… err… in the dream, I mean.
:KrotosSB: Wait, I can’t remember the dream lasting that long.
:KronosSB: Really? I mean… you was kind of dead by that point so…
:BriannahCB: What was the last thing yah remember?
:KrotosSB: I remember… being furious… someone had betrayed me… and was trying to kill father. Then… there was an assassin that I bested and… um… I was attacked by… something… something inhuman, some kind of monster… and I felt how it toke control over my body, turning me into a puppet… and then I woke up screaming.
:BriannahCB: Aw, yah poor thing. Come ‘ere.

Briannah lifts your brother up and embraces him while licking the top of his head lovingly.

:KronosSB:
:BriannahCB: I wish I could ‘ug both of yah like this… but yah’ll just ‘ave to wait, Kronos…
:KrotosSB: Don’t fret, brother...
:KronosSB: It’s… fine… but going back to the bo-
:BriannahCB: Wait, so yah didn’t remember ‘ow yah died? Or when yah attacked the Zadian military summit?
:KrotosSB: Err… no, I don’t? I remember I was planning on attacking that summit and take everyone there hostage but… wait, how did I die in the dream? What did I do after my dream ended?
:BriannahCB: Oh, it’s not important.
:KrotosSB: …it isn’t?
:BriannahCB: Nope. Hey, do you remember that one time when were in the mountains…
:KrotosSB: Hmm? Oh right… when we built that snow couple… yeah, I remember that… and that night as well…
:BriannahCB: That’s right… those were the times…

>Love is not just an emotion. It is a choice, shown in actions…
Each lick feels like a dagger piercing your heart…
:KronosSB: I-
:BriannahCB: Or the time we “borrowed” those raptors and went for a ride through the wilds?
:KrotosSB: I still remember when we saw that wild wyvern fly over us…
:KronosSB: And-
:BriannahCB: Why, we rode after it as fast as we could…
:KrotosSB: *Sigh* but in the end it got away…

>...But you know that she is her own person, and if in the end her love was really for Krotos then you will accept it.
Each embrace feels soul crushing…
:KronosSB:
:BriannahCB: OH! And that time we crashed that performance? You had to dress up in full custom to make sure no one noticed that you were Varkian. Why, the scandal if they knew…
:KrotosSB: Ah, yes, that! How did that song go again? “Something something yes you can?”
:KronosSB:
:BriannahCB: “Take my hand, won’t you understand… yes you can…”
:KrotosSB: “How did you get so fine… lose my mind….” Yeah, I remember…

>Point out that, according to the book and what Life told you, you can father Bri's children.
:KrotosSB: You can…? That sounds… well, I would say implausible, but with everything else that’s been happening…
:BriannahCB: I wonder if that includes Krotos as well? I always wanted to have children of my own…
:KronosSB: Really?
:BriannahCB: I always dreamed of finding the perfect ‘ubby whom I loved more than anything and start a family with ‘im…
:KronosSB: I-
:KrotosSB: Well, if the dream say it’s possible…
:KronosSB: B-
:BriannahCB: We can always try and ‘ope for the best, eh Krotos?
:KronosSB:
>>
No. 849779 ID: 6780f5

Yeah, either grow the balls to actually say how you feel and by extension how their shows of affection are making you feel, or run off crying to Belseth.
>>
No. 849780 ID: 3ce125

>>849776
Looks like she just has more memories of loving him than you. Makes sense, really. You knew her for what, less than a week? This was your sacrifice when you chose to change the past. You knew it most likely meant losing Briannah, but you didn't know it would be like this. What would Krotos do if you somehow won this contest and had exclusive access to Briannah? The pain you're feeling could only be worse for him if she chose you.

Anyway, warn Briannah that the last time she saw Krotos, it was when he was possessed by the Nightmare. Sounds like he was already dead, even, with his corpse being used like a puppet.
Also if she can't conceive with Krotos, tell them you'd be willing to help.
>>
No. 849806 ID: d887c0

>>849776
OH, COME THE FUCK ON!
Kronos stopped the fucking end of the world, and his reward is losing all his friends and getting cuckolded by his wife and brother?!
The fuck is this?!
>>
No. 849807 ID: 33cbe7

>>849806
Kronos isn't the center of the universe. He passed that opportunity up when he decided to rewind time.
It's also a good opportunity to sow our wild oats, as the most compatible man in the history of everything!
>>
No. 849813 ID: 094652

Risks were taken to undo the past, and this is one of them. You think the world would forgive Kronos if he told everyone "Oh I had a chance to restore the gods or to undo the horrible war that nearly destroyed us and killed millions but I decided to use the power to create a new world order with a better future for everyone who has been broken by losing their families and nearly starving to death"?

You made Briannah happy. Now you're free to find someone else to make you happy.
>>
No. 849815 ID: a633c6

>>849807
He's the subject of many prophesies, that's close enough.

ask if she remembers some of the things you did, like promising to help her be good or whatever.
>>
No. 849843 ID: 600f38

>>849776
Snuggle up with Bri.
>>
No. 849853 ID: 8cb228

Say how you feel! These people, BOTH OF WHICH LOVE YOU are doing wrong by you. Stand up for yourself!

Don't blow up at them, but be assertive. Take control of more of the situation. Talk about the times YOU had with her, how YOU all felt, the things you two learned together about one another and about life. After all, she ALSO chose you!

Do not JUST lay over and take this. Don't start unnecessary drama, but by the gods, start some necessary drama! Do NOT let your memory, your feelings, your soul, what you and she shared, be trod upon!
>>
No. 849909 ID: 3e857c

Looking back, it's now rather clear you were always in your brother's shadow. People, both mortal and divine, had often confused the two of you. Xuv recruited you to replace your brother. Your former wife dated and loved your brother; and now you fear may be more compatible with him then you are.

The hard truth is you inherited your brother's destiny, after he couldn't live up to it.
The question you should be asking now: Have you truly made his destiny your own?
The only way you can answer that is if you challenge your brother for her hand in marriage. Not for her heart, for it is only hers to give, but it would prove that your "past" experiences, as dream-like as they are now, have shaped the person you now are.

You could create a series of contests, inspired by the events of your book. Contestants would face safer versions of the challenges you went through for your marriage.
Heck, you could make it a public marriage tradition if you feel like it. You should make them more appropriate for the public but if they're fun enough, it wouldn't be necessary to take the source material seriously to learn from it.

But you now need to confront him with your own experiences with Briannah. You need ask him if he honestly would do anything differently from what you did.
Or, ask him this: Do you undo a great tragedy or do you learn from it?
After he gives his answer, tell him yours: You know you've done both. At the same time. You have proof of the latter on your lap. You have proof of the former under his.

Tell Brie that, regardless of how she feels now, what you shared together was important. It helped both of you grow into people. Yes, you mean "into". Even after all the scars both of you had, both of you helped make each other back into two whole people again. You know, instead of two half people into one whole person, like she said right? Maybe you don't remember this; try bringing up the pirates, of all the good times you had with her, with what you had.
Anyway, you should ask if she feels about the same you feel. And what she feels about you now.
>>
No. 849910 ID: 51b8ec

"Good to have it confirmed that I only ever were a substitute for my brother in that other life."

Grab thy spine and flagellate thineself with it, Prince. In your other life you faced nightmares and gods both foul and wicked for your love for both family and Briannah, and here you are 'again'. Spineless. Your supposedly silver tongue tied and useless.

And if this Briannah, much like the other one in that other life, is simply 'testing' you like when the two of you first met in that other life? No, do not stand for it. Do not accept it so meekly.

They can have eachother or they can have you. If they choose the former, then that is it. Your other self torched a future for the sake of the past. What is burning a few potential bridges in comparison to that?
>>
No. 849929 ID: fe7355

Before you take what Bri said as the final branch on the pyre for your hopes of a life with her, remember that she's gotten your name and Krotos' mixed up before, so get clarification she said the right name. But even if she did, you are not going to just throw in the towel and accept this fate. You're the goddamn Phoenix! You break fates!

Don't see this as a simple choice of you or Krotos' winning out and being with Bri, but rather Bri being blessed with two men who love her with all their heart and soul. Two phoenixes wrapping their wings around her. Together, supporting her and each other, through the trials and tribulations of our lives. This is worth working towards.

And while they have more history to their love, your love with Bri grew and bloomed too. Both quickly and under harsh circumstances, which makes it all the more impressive. You can grow a history with her as well, it just takes time together. Time you'll have if you and Krotos both marry Bri. And unlike that other world, the conditions in this one for you to grow your memories and love with Bri are fantastic. You'll catch up with Krotos sooner than later.

>you know, seeing as Krotos was Xuv first choice… maybe he got the same blessing as you do?
Wait, that doesn't make sense. If he did get the same blessing, then wouldn't he have gotten Bri pregnant in the other timeline? ...Maybe he was "blessed" after he was possessed, but that doesn't work because he didn't have a chance to lay with Bri before the attack on the summit. ...Or maybe Bri lost the pregnancy before it showed when possessed Krotos sliced her belly open. But when does a pregnancy start to be noticeable? And how long were she and Krotos in a relationship and when did they first have sex?
>>
No. 849944 ID: 91ee5f

>>849929
It's impossible for Krotos to have gotten the same blessing. He may have been Xuv's first choice, but he was dead and/or already being used as a puppet before he met her, so he couldn't have gotten her blessing. Kronos is the only one with the cross species impregnation blessing.
>>
No. 849949 ID: 65a774
File 151249054208.png - (82.62KB , 686x526 , 28.png )
849949

>Looking back, it's now rather clear you were always in your brother's shadow. People, both mortal and divine, had often confused the two of you.
…in the end, you never did manage to escape his shadow, did you… you’ve always been the lesser Krotos… ever since you two were small…
>You are not going to just throw in the towel and accept this fate. You're the goddamn Phoenix! You break fates!
…that’s right. You are the phoenix! You bested the very gods! You rewrote reality! You and not Krotos! If anything, he should be stuck in your shadow! YOU ARE THE PHOENIX AND YOU WILL NOT ACCEPT THIS!

>Say how you feel! These people, BOTH OF WHICH LOVE YOU are doing wrong by you.
:KronosSB: Well… I guess it’s good to know that I only was a substitute for my brother in that other life…
:BriannahCB: Hrnn? What are yah…?
:KrotosSB: Kronos?
:BriannahCB: Oh! I’m so sorry! I got lost in nostalgia for a moment, Kronos… come ‘ere.

Briannah grabs a hold of your shoulder as she falls backwards, forcing both you and your brother to topple over with her. The final result is her large body sandwiched between you and your brother, thus enabling her to snuggle with both of you at the same time.

:BriannahCB: There? Is that better?
:KronosSB: Yes, this is a lot better…
:BriannahCB: I’m so sorry, Kronos, but I’m only one person. There’s only so much love I can give at once…
:KrotosSB: I guess I need to play a bit more fair, eh brother? Hehe…

:KronosSB: So... do you remember what we did as well?
:BriannahCB: Hrnn? Yah mean like… the time we became pirates?
:KrotosSB: Pirates?
:KronosSB: Oh, yeah… that was after I lost my eye and had to wear an eyepatch!
:BriannahCB: Hehe… I do remember how we sailed the royal mattress down the stairs… and I still don’t ‘now where all those ninjas came from.
:KrotosSB: Eyepatch? Ninjas?
:KronosSB: I’m pretty sure the ninja part didn’t actually happen…
:BriannahCB: Oh, and when we found the elemental! Yah remember that?
:KrotosSB: Elemental!? What!? Aren’t they-
:BriannahCB: And the time yah ventured into my deepest, darkness reaches and brought light to my world… wait, did that actually ‘appen…?
:KrotosSB: That sounds a bit made up, yes…
:KronosSB: It was dream magic, remember? I did it to Tim as well?
:BriannahCB: That is true… I guess yah did really teach me ‘ow to be a better person… though I don’t actually need it now, as I was never broken like that in the first place… it’s really strange to think about it like that…
:KrotosSB: I… err…
:KronosSB: I think big bro is feeling a bit left out this time, heh…
:BriannahCB: Oh! Sorry! I keep forgetting there is two of yah all the sudden…
:KrotosSB: It’s… fine. Really… It’s just something we all need to get used to, I guess?

:KronosSB: So… how do you feel about me? Really feel?
:BriannahCB: ‘ow I feel? Why, I love yah, ‘un.
:KrotosSB: and me?
:BriannahCB: I love yah too, love.
:KronosSB: And the both of us?
:BriannahCB: I want to love the both of yah just as much!
:KrotosSB: So… you really want to do this? The both of us?
:KronosSB: We both love her… and she love us both. It’s the only way no one go away heartbroken.
:KrotosSB: I… I’m not sure about this but… if it will get me away from those other brides…
:BriannahCB: I’m not sure about this either… I can barely love one of yah enough as it is…
:KrotosSB: I for one promise to love you with all my passion!
:KronosSB: And I promise to always be there for you, no matter what?
:BriannahCB: Aw, both of yah are such sappy dorks, yah know that?
:KrotosSB: :KronosSB: H-hey…
:BriannahCB: And I love yah for it… so… before we go see the king… I can’t believe I’m actually thinking about this but… I guess we’ve known each other for a while, eh?
:KrotosSB: Wait, where are you going with this?
:BriannahCB: ‘ow about you two show me just ‘ow much passion yah ‘ave for me, eh? Right ‘ere, right now?
>>
No. 849957 ID: 3aef93

It might seem weird, what with your brother there, but damn it lets go all in!
>>
No. 849958 ID: 91ee5f

>>849949
>‘ow about you two show me just ‘ow much passion yah ‘ave for me, eh? Right ‘ere, right now?
Just to make sure there isn't a misunderstanding, ask if she's talking about sex. And if she says yes, then say, "Ha ha ha! Of course you're talking about sex. Some things never change." Then ask your brother if he's got a problem with this?

Also, make sure you lock the door and shut and lock any windows in the room!
>>
No. 849962 ID: 104c7e

Yes, unambiguously confirm everything, and remind her about your divine fertility blessing, which should still be active, and how you aren't 100% sure how limited it is... and that should inform a bit or what you actually do 'between the sheets' if you do this.
>>
No. 849964 ID: 3ce125

>>849949
Oh, okay I guess we're going for the love triangle. Sorry Belseth!

Get a basic agreement on how this is going to go before you start. Play Rock Paper Scissors if you have to for any disagreements, like who gets her glorious rump first in a spitroast or who gets to try to impregnate her(or who gets sloppy seconds if you're both doing that).
>>
No. 849975 ID: 104c7e

>>849964
I'd say that's a bad idea to use that methodology to try and plan that out. Establish some basic ground rules and baselines and comfort levels in a respectful way, no need to go crazy with specific positions if it isn't called for. You should be familiar with the how-to's of 'respectful pre-sex negotiation', yes? What with your silver tongue and history, right?
>>
No. 849977 ID: 6780f5

Hey, Belseth can still be your mancrush for when Bri is busy with Krotos.
>>
No. 850000 ID: 600f38

>>849949
"Well, I do recall that you never did get to use that 'special potion' you were so interested in..."
>>
No. 850033 ID: fe7355

You'll do it. While it'll feel strange at first to share this with your brother and there'll be awkwardness, the prospect of working together with him, combining our skills and intimate sexual knowledge of our mutual love, to potentially make Briannah feel a passion deeper than each of us could alone is exhilarating. But it's ultimately Krotos' decision whether to do this or not. If he's not comfortable with this, then you'll totally respect that.

If Krotos agrees, then the three of you need to confer on what you'll do and what you won't. What is Krotos' sexual alignment and what he'd like to do, what he'd agree to do, and what he won't do. And, in chorus, say what you all remember is the safe-word. But before you three start talking, lock and barricade the door, latch the window and draw the curtains. You want no interruptions.

Whatever else you all agree to, there are two things you want: First is for Bri to be gagged or her voice otherwise muffled. Both you and your brother know she becomes extremely loud in the throws of passion, which would draw the unwanted attention of the surrounding rooms, if not this whole wing of the palace. She might also slip up and scream either of your names, which would definitely blow this hiding spot.

The second thing is that only one you two is allowed to plant his "seed" where it could possibly take this time and any other time with Bri for how many days it'd be before a pregnancy test would give a accurate result. If Krotos somehow got the conception blessing too, then this will make it possible to figure that out sooner or later. You should also let Bri and Krotos know that the conception blessing might bypass a contraception charm's effect. We'll have to test for that later on.

>It’s the only way no one go away heartbroken.
...Well, there's still Belseth. He might be heartbroken that he and you didn't get to be together, though likely not since you two's relationship didn't get really deep. Still, you feel a twinge of sadness that he might be heartbroken. ...You did believe you could have a close relationship with him without leaving Briannah short, so could you do that here? Hm... That feels like you'd be stretching yourself too thin, though. Your joint relationship with Bri and your brother needs and deserves your foremost attention now. It'll be tricky enough without inserting a romance with Belseth as well.

Oh, could Calcias end up in a arranged marriage to Belseth once the marriage to Bri is broken off? You think Calcias would be pleased if that happened, but Bel... Less so.

>>849964
>Oh, okay I guess we're going for the love triangle.
It's more a "love angle" since Kronos and Krotos don't have a romantic link between them.

>>849977
Hm... Maybe not a romantic relationship, but they could easily become good friends. Perhaps the kind with benefits.

>>850000
Oh, yeah, does Bri remember what that potion would have been? But besides that, thanks to their other-selves' memories, Kronos and Bri now know that there's all kinds of sexual alchemical fun out there they can engage in to vary things up in bed.
>>
No. 850037 ID: 91ee5f

>>850033
>Oh, yeah, does Bri remember what that potion would have been?
I think she said she was just messing with Kronos and admitted that it was just colored water. And she said she was gonna watch Kronos drink it and squirm with not knowing what was gonna happen to him.

But she ended up drinking that herself right before we had to rush down to the catacombs to stop the Nightmare.
>>
No. 850076 ID: fe7355

>>850037
Yeah, she did that, but she also said that she'd give Kronos the "real thing," something more "exotic," after finishing their game with Sisah and Doxan, so she did have a genuine potion in mind. You can read what she said here >>/questarch/833853.
>>
No. 850391 ID: fe7355

If Bri is suggesting what you think she's suggesting, that's the kind of thing you'd expect the other timeline's Bri to suggest, isn't it? That makes you a little worried that a bit of the bad parts of that Bri's psyche may have come through too. Just how much of that Bri's psyche has merged into the mind of this timeline's Bri? How have they mixed? How sexually driven and forward was this world's Bri? Would she have suggested this? ...Maybe you're worrying over nothing, but you'll keep a eye on Bri's behavior for any bad trends.

Tell Bri that you'd be willing to try and demonstrate with your brother the love and passion you two have for her, if he's okay with that. But also ask her why she's asking if we'd do this now. ...She worried your father will reject our three-way marriage proposal and this would somehow end up being the last chance we could do this together? Well, you have that worry about your father too, so lets make the most of this time we have together. Warm our beloved emerald dragon with the burning passion of us two phoenixes.
>>
No. 850395 ID: a633c6

You promised to help her to be good, remember?
>>
No. 850605 ID: 65a774
File 151285985573.png - (28.40KB , 686x526 , 29.png )
850605

:KronosSB: I guess it might be a bit weird with my brother here… but what the hell, let’s go all in!
:BriannahCB: Hrrnn? All in, love?
:KrotosSB: Wait, what are you talking about?
:KronosSB: …err… you… you did mean passion like… sex, right?
:BriannahCB: I meant like lots of kissing and ‘ugging, eh?
:KrotosSB: Dammit Kronos, get your mind out of the gutter.
:KronosSB: H-hey, I wasn’t-
:BriannahCB: Don’t blame ‘im. The me ‘e was with was rather… risqué… and an addict when it comes to the more primal desires.
:KrotosSB: *Sigh* Bri… you were a bit like that when you met me as well… though I wouldn’t say addict…

:KronosSB: Wait, why are you asking that we do this now? Are you worried our father will say no and… and this will be our last chance to be together?
:BriannahCB: I… um…
:KrotosSB: Of course he’s going to say yes!
:KronosSB: You can’t be sure about that!
:KrotosSB: If he says no I’ll simply have to convince him!
:BriannahCB: Yah ‘now… if this really is our last chance together… then maybe Kronos idea wasn’t that bad… after all, we already ‘now each other well… and ‘ave done it before…
:KrotosSB: In a dream, yes…
:BriannahCB: Which we remember as real. I… I guess it counts as a date or two at least?

:KronosSB: So… if we’re doing this… maybe we should put some rules down? I mean… who does what and… err… get dibs and… stuff?
:KrotosSB: We play rock paper scissors for it! It’s as simple as that.
:KronosSB: Hey, no fair! You’ve always been better at that than me!
:BriannahCB: Boys, please… yah don’t make rules like that for a moment of passion. Yah just let it… ‘appen… and follow the flow.
:KrotosSB: Flow…? That’s sounds a bit better, yeah.
:KronosSB: Geez, just because you’re bad at rock, paper-
:BriannahCB: Boys, boys, boys…
:KrotosSB: Speaking of flow… remember that potion? The one you never got to use?
:BriannahCB: Hrrnn? Oh, that! Well… sadly, this me isn’t a potion addict either so… don’t ‘ave anything like that, ‘un.
:KronosSB: Oh… and… um… about other us… I still have that divine fertility blessing?
:BriannahCB:
:KrotosSB: …I’m not going to take care of your kid if you can’t pull out.
:BriannahCB: …yeah, I don’t think… I mean, it’s an imperial tradition to ‘ave a belly at the wedding, but still… I think it’s a bit too soon for something like that. So I guess yah can’t really… yah know…
:KronosSB: Aw man…
:BriannahCB: …still got other ways to please yah, don’t I?

:KronosSB: Oh right, one more thing!
:BriannahCB: What are yah doing with that chair?
:KrotosSB: Bro, I don’t think that will actually stop anyone from coming in.
:KronosSB: Just wanted to make sure…
:BriannahCB: The door is locked already… besides, no one ‘nows we’re ‘ere, do they?
:KrotosSB: …we probably need to make sure they don’t figure it out either. You don’t happen to have a gag, do you?
:BriannahCB: Heh… I think one of yah can make ye own gag, eh?
:KrotosSB: …huh?
:KronosSB: I think she means she’ll have her mouth full with us.
:KrotosSB: Oh? Oh… OH!
:BriannahCB: Now get over ‘ere and show me some passion!
:KrotosSB: Whoa nelly!
:KronosSB: Easy girl!
>>
No. 850606 ID: 65a774
File 151285987207.png - (68.24KB , 686x526 , 30.png )
850606

A bit later…

:BriannahCB: *Giggle* Why, Kro-
*Click*
:HeliosCB: -is door open!
:NonSB: Already done, my lord!
:HeliosCB: I have had enough of you two! Stop hiding and come with me at… once… err…
>>
No. 850607 ID: 65a774
File 151285993129.png - (77.52KB , 686x526 , 31.png )
850607

>>
No. 850608 ID: 65a774
File 151285994152.png - (70.60KB , 686x526 , 32.png )
850608

:HeliosCB: … … … *Sigh* really? With her? This is going to be a diplomatic nightmare…
>>
No. 850620 ID: 3ce125

>>850608
KNOCK FIRST DAMMIT!

After you've cleaned up tell your dad that the two of you are really serious about this. You're both in love with her. Don't bring up the other timeline unless it's necessary, because it'll be a pain in the ass to explain things and he'll probably have to read the book to fully understand, AND before you show anyone the book you need to read it yourself to see how much of it is... embellished.

Speaking of differences between timelines, what was the Mantis librarian like? You know, the one you brought into the catacombs? Was he bashful? Lewd? Fanboyish?
>>
No. 850643 ID: 65a774
File 151286736894.png - (90.94KB , 686x526 , 33.png )
850643

:KronosSB: KNOCK FIRST DAMMIT!
:KrotosSB: AND CLOSE THAT DOOR DAMMIT!
:HeliosCB: Krotos, Kronos… do you realize what-
:ThaliaCB: Prince Kronos! I think the King might have figured… out… oh…
:HeliosCB: *Sigh* Close the door before anyone-
:KiraSB: Father, I think I know where they are. Do you know where a Briannah is… um…
:HeliosCB: *Sigh*…
>>
No. 850645 ID: 0d45a9

Well, this is now 3 times as awkward. Can we have some privacy please!
>>
No. 850646 ID: 49ff64

>>850643
Nice. At this rate, Belseth, Tim, your mother, Cain, an assassin, and twenty newly-born earth elementals are also going to pop in.

Good thing you're a shameless playboy, right?
>>
No. 850647 ID: 3ce125

Cover yourselves before anyone else arrives.
>>
No. 850648 ID: a633c6

Go ahead and gawk, I don't have to hide my shame in my own room.
>>
No. 850651 ID: 91ee5f

>>850643
"OI, THIS ISN'T A SPECTATOR SPORT!!!!! ALL OF YOU GET OUT NOW!!!!!"

And if that doesn't work, then all 3 of you can just cover yourselves.

Also, don't tell your father about any of the events in the book, he'll never believe it.

And when your father asks why you and your brother were having sex with Bri, both of you can't say it was love at first sight when you and him saw Bri today! That's an easy way to get your arguments shot down!

All 3 of you are going to have to lie your asses off and pretend that all of you have been seeing each other for a while now! That way it'll be believable that all of you have built up a relationship and make your arguments to be with each other harder to shoot down! .....I hope.
>>
No. 850654 ID: 91ee5f

>>850648
This is Bri's room.
>>
No. 850673 ID: fe7355

Fuckin' hells, who's gonna traipse in here next to embarrass you three? Belseth? Karas? Your mother? Cain pushing a tea cart? The entire royal army marching band?

Yank up the bedsheets, blankets, clothes or whatever else is in reach you can grab that can adequately block the view and hold it up. "This isn't a goddamn peep show! You heard the king's command! Everybody get out and close the door! You can come back in once we're decent."

Then y'all need to clean up and dress. You'll lick the mess you left off your beloved's cheek, (her sweet taste with your salty,) and she can lick your dick off. As for your brother, did he finish? Bri and him might need at least a sink to clean up. There a bathroom here? And dammit, all you have to change in to is that servant lady disguise.

Lean to Bri's ear and whisper to ask how long she's been here at the palace and in the capital and any previous times and how long they were. If we need to lie about you and Krotos' reluctance to marry being our love for Bri, we need to figure if we had the opportunity and time to have a secret romance. You can explain how it was kept so secret by Cain just being on your side, but if there was never a time we could have been together before now then it'll be seen right through.

So how was your three-way with Bri and Krotos? Before y'all were so rudely interrupted, of course. How did you feel about it from the start to the finish? And what about Bri and Krotos?

You'll have to remember to ask your father how he figured out where you and your brother were. And he knew you two were in here together so he presumably didn't follow the trail of just one of you, so how did he know you two were in here?

>Prince Kronos! I think the King might have figured… out… oh…
Wow, Thalia must have critical failed her perception check to miss that the king was standing in the doorway. And to think, she's your bodyguard. Must fill you with oodles of confidence, that.

>Father, I think I know where they are. Do you know where a Briannah is… um…
Well, it looks like Kira remembers at least some of what happened in the other world. You don't know how else she could have thought you and Krotos would be with Briannah, since in this world you three didn't know each other. You'll have to discreetly ask her later how she came to think you two would be with Briannah, and if she doesn't have a convincing explanation then discreetly ask how much she remembers.
>>
No. 850685 ID: 600f38

>>850643
"It's not a diplomatic nightmare if it's not a fling."
>>
No. 850708 ID: 312387

It is okay father Krotos and I are going to marry the daughter of the Empress and I am also going to marry the son of the Emperor!
Oh hi sis guess you also remember the other dream life thing please don't hit me.
>>
No. 850710 ID: 8cb228

>>850708
Please don't say any of this.

Perhaps something instead like, "Think of it as a diplomatic opportunity!"
>>
No. 850717 ID: 1e7aa8

disengage from Briannah. Start throwing things in the room at them. Start with the pillows. DO NOT YELL.
>>
No. 850784 ID: 65a774
File 151293039684.png - (129.56KB , 686x526 , 34.png )
850784

>Cover yourselves before anyone else arrives.
You try in vain to use the bedsheets to cover yourself, but with both your brother and love sitting on them… the end result are three people trying to cover themselves with the same small piece.

:KronosSB: OI, THIS ISN'T A SPECTATOR SPORT!!!!! ALL OF YOU GET OUT NOW!!!!!
:KrotosSB: DAMMIT DAD, GET OUT!
:HeliosCB: *Sigh* This can’t get any-
:SbktaSB: KRONOS! Are you alright!? We heard you screaming and came running as… soon… err…
:TimSB: We’re not going to let you be forced into something… wow… I didn’t…
:WogSB: …this one is confused about what it is currently witnessing.
:KronosSB: By the five, who's going to traipse in here next to embarrass us three? Belseth? My other brother? My… m-my mother?
>>
No. 850785 ID: 65a774
File 151293040898.png - (179.87KB , 686x526 , 35.png )
850785

:BelsethCB: Ah, there you are my liege. I’m sorry to disturb you but we need some time to discuss the marriage between Calcias and… err… K-K-Kronos!?
:CalciasSB: … I don’t think it needs to be discussed anylonger?
:KronosSB: Of course…

:KarasCB: Father, can I have a word with you about… brother…?
:KarenCB: … … …this is just like one of my Janian stories!
:KronosSB: This isn’t even fun anymore…

:DoxanCB: Lady Briannah, Captain Qelba and an archeologist called Xarrin is here to see… oh, I see you are busy…
:QelbaSB: …did this happen in your dream as well?
:XarrinSB: Um… probably? They were together in it after all…
:KronosSB: This is just getting silly…

:MomSB: Helios! I have to ask you to stop harassing the boys- MY DOVES!?
:SisahCB: My queen, please let me secure the room before you run in like that!
:KronosSB: Seriously!? Pretty much every character in this quest is here now! COME ON!!!

>The entire royal army marching band?
OH GODS, YOU CAN HEAR THE TRUMPETS COMING DOWN THE CORRIDOR! WHY!?
>>
No. 850788 ID: 91ee5f

>>850785
Ok, Kaktus, as funny as this is, I think you're going just a little overboard with random people bursting into the room. Can we please get everyone out of the room so that Kronos, Bri, and Krotos can get dressed?
>>
No. 850791 ID: 3ce125

>>850785
Sisah is your mother's bodyguard now, huh? I wonder who she's getting sexual relief from. Or maybe she's masturbating.
>bedsheet isn't large enough
Oh come on. Grab a pillow then. Once you've got your crotch covered, just fucking walk up and start pushing at the crowd to get them out.

Tell Belseth you're sorry he had to see that.
>>
No. 850801 ID: 8cb228

Alright.

So what is going on is there is some causal force that is conspiring to gather as many 'relevant' people here as possible. Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action. So assume it will continue to happen. You do, after all, hear that marching band.

So it's time to take matters into your own hands. If Fate or whatever is going to do this, than you are going to treat it as an opportunity rather than futilely try to stop it! As covered up as you can be, using the bedsheet, the fitted sheets, the pillows, some nearby furniture, the comforter, etc. etc., begin dressing. Throw clothes to the two others as you move around. Don't visibly react as whoever-it-is comes in the next few times. Instead, once you are vaguely decent, walk to the door yourself with all possible dignity, and in as majestic and royal voice as you can, announce, 'now that everyone is here, this is going to be a two-part meeting. First, I need to talk to those that remember the Dream. Dreamers on the inside, everyone else, outside. Dreamers, you know who you are; if you don't know what I am talking about, you aren't a dreamer. Come on, we don't have all day!"

Then, when everyone does this, look to those outside the door and calmly state, "Don't worry, this will just take a moment, all will be explained, but we need to talk amongst ourselves for a bit. Please excuse us." Call anyone out if you think they are not a Dreamer, but don't object too strongly if they cite something along the lines of 'royal privelage' or 'safety' as a reason to stay. It's not worth making a fuss. A 'very well, though this will likely be confusing' would be good enough.

And then close the door yourself before anyone else comes in!

Then, once you talk to all the dreamers, first ask, "Does anyone not have full and complete memories of the other timeline yet?" If they don't, try to jog their memory with partial prompts that leave some details out.

Perhaps open the impromptu meeting with, "Does anyone have any major actions they want to do because of the dream? The three of us have obviously come up with an action, and we do want to try and take this further than just the bed. Perhaps some way of explaining things to the others? Some sort of proof?"

Then open the floor, manage the impromptu meeting with all dignity as befits your rank and respect for the urgency and gravity of the situation, and then present a united front to the others who will inevitably be gathering outside in the hallway or wanting to know what's going on.
>>
No. 850802 ID: d887c0

Well, so much for secrecy.
Go ahead and get dressed. Don't bother hurrying. What are they gonna do? Stare at your dick a little longer?
>>
No. 850810 ID: a633c6

You're sure this isn't your over active imagination?

Get Bri a moist towelette or something, then dress yourselves. Wait for the peanut gallery to stabilize in size then explain you intend to do the honorable thing and marry her.
>>
No. 850817 ID: 600f38

>>850785
"Seriously? Are you all just going to stand there and stare after breaking into a locked room?
I'm disappointed in all of you. Have some decency!"
>>
No. 850820 ID: 91ee5f

>>850801
>Talk about the dream.
I'm pretty sure none of that is going to work.
>>
No. 850821 ID: 50bf10

"I suppose you're all wondering why I've gathered you here today."
>>
No. 850824 ID: 8cb228

>>850820
Well, please give a better alternative, mmm?
>>
No. 850830 ID: 91ee5f

>>850824
Not saying anything that'll make us sound like a crazy person and get us thrown into the insane asylum.

And even if others agree with us, the king won't believe any of it and say that we payed them all to play along with some half-baked plan to get out of marriage.
>>
No. 850833 ID: 8cb228

>>850830

Okay... so what DO we say to take control of the situation, then?
>>
No. 850842 ID: 33cbe7

Every character together in one spot... they'd be vulnerable to an explosion! Yell 'Look out, there's a bomb!'
>>
No. 850856 ID: 8cb228

>>850842
HELL NO! Do you want to cause your friends and family to trample one another to death?!?!?!
>>
No. 850878 ID: 98f485
850878

If you must curse, do so quietly. If you must curse someone, curse fate.
So do that. This is probably his revenge for messing up his web.
>>850821
Well hopefully some humor will help diffuse the situation and after you're dressed we need to talk to the people who might remember the dream first.
>>
No. 850880 ID: fe7355

Okay, considering the situation has shot from plausible straight through improbable to incredibly ridiculous, there's way more people piled up in that doorway than makes spatial sense, your father's bodyguards didn't stop any of these folks and you just verbally poked a hole through the fourth wall, this most likely isn't really happening. You're probably dreaming. You, and maybe Krotos, fell asleep in the arms of your mutual beloved after finishing your passionate three-way and you're having a bad dream wrought of your worries. ...Well, that's what you really, really hope this is.

Alternatively, you have a feeling this is somehow Chronicler's doing. It was the one who weaved that divine-level power to bring about this world, so maybe it nudged things around so this confluence of people had a high chance of happening. After all, Chronicler does like a good story, though looking at this situation you have to question what it considers "good."

Alright, just in case this is really happening, you're gonna have to take direct action since your father seems to be so overwhelmed he can only sigh and not tell everyone to leave and everyone else seemingly either doesn't have the common decency to leave or at least turn around or look away or is so shocked they can't. And since all of them have unfortunately already gotten a clear view of your naked, fully erect and just-came-on-Bri's-face form, them seeing it a little more while you move to cover yourself, Bri and Krotos isn't going to be any worse than this already is. You're also fast and agile, so you can hopefully make quick work of covering up.

Move towards the nearest item large enough to offer decent visual blocking of your genitals, take it and keep hold it so it blocks the view from the crowd, moving it as you turn. And when you turn, make sure you favoring turning your back towards them. Then move to grab a sheet or blanket from wherever they ended up and haul it up over Krotos and Bri, or at least up to where her or him can grab it and pull it the rest of the way over themselves. Then move to grab the servant gal outfit you were wearing and pull it over yourself. It should cover everything so drop whatever you were using to hide your boner. Then scoop up Krotos and Bri's clothes and hand them over to their owners so they can dress under the covers.

While performing these maneuvers, put on a level tone and rapidly ask everyone here to please have the decency to at least turn around or look away, if not step back into the corridor. Say you know suddenly seeing the three of us like this is surprising, even shocking, but that's no excuse to keep standing there watching. Tell them we'll speak once we're clothed and decent, so if they'd kindly leave and close the door, that'd speed that along greatly.

>>850856
I agree, though there might be another angle to this we could use. Notice that almost the entire royal family line of succession is grouped up here, save Kern who's in some country far to the south. That's a big damn no-no as far as security protocol is concerned because it presents a big, fat target of opportunity for assassins. The king's bodyguards as well as Sisah and any bodyguards Kira, Karas or Karen have with them should know this and move to escort the royal family members apart.
>>
No. 850897 ID: fe7355

And also be rather pissed off and sad that this is when and how you and Krotos get to first meet your previously-long-dead mother in this timeline. It shoulda been with the chance for heartfelt hugs, and definitely not her seeing you two in a three-some.
>>
No. 850906 ID: fe7355

>>850880
Wait, a better plan would be, before you try moving to get anything yourself, to try ordering Thalia or the guard to grab a sheet or blanket and throw it over you three on the bed before getting y'all your clothes. They're your subordinates, so they should follow your orders. But if they don't for some unfathomable reason, then Bri can order Doxan to do it. ...He is her subordinate, right?

Meanwhile, you, Krotos and Bri can move to lay flat front-side down on the bed to keep your privates out of view of the throng. Unless Krotos is still balls deep in Bri, in which case only you lay flat. This is because Bri's copious behind blocks the view from the doorway of both their genitals and Krotos withdrawing would show more than otherwise. Bri can reposition her tail to help block more of the view back there, though.
>>
No. 850974 ID: fe7355

Oh, and if when you say you can't pull up the bedsheets because you three are on them you mean not just the bottom sheet but the top sheet or blanket, then that's easy to fix. Just tell Krotos and Bri to grab the edge of the sheets with you and y'all roll over simultaneously, away from the door. That should pull them up and over.
>>
No. 851486 ID: 65a774
File 151319247650.png - (110.48KB , 686x526 , This.png )
851486

>Sisah is your mother's bodyguard now, huh?
Apparently she is today. The Serpent mercenary group she belongs to have a long history of loyalty to the Risavian crown, thus when we need extra protection we bring them in as an elite guard. You guess she’s here because of all the noble families currently in the palace?
>I wonder who she's getting sexual relief from.
…with the other Serpents?

>Go ahead and get dressed. Don't bother hurrying. What are they gonna do? Stare at your dick a little longer?
Right, enough of this. You get up from the bed and start dressing yourself as if nothing had happen… and while you hand your two companions their clothes as well you can hear people excuse themselves as they try to leave… but it seems that the door has become a bottleneck, ensuring they are all stuck here with you.

:KronosSB: I suppose you're all wondering why I've gathered you here today.
:TimSB: …to show off your dick?
:KarasCB: Trust me, I for one didn’t want to walk in on this!
:KiraSB: I’m pretty sure we’re here to witness you two throw away politically important marriage because you couldn’t keep it in your pants.
:KronosSB: Actually, we have a far greater marriage to give. Not one only of political importance, but one of love as well.
:KrotosSB: Let me present to you Briannah, the daughter of the Imperial Empress herself and the love of my… our lives!
:BriannahCB: Um… ‘ello?
:HeliosCB: …you two can’t be-
:MomSB: Why, my doves! You finally found someone special!
:HeliosCB: Both of you can’t marry the same woman! …and not to mention that she is-
:MomSB: Helios… *Deathglare*
:HeliosCB: …*Sigh* yes dear. Fine… you two… we can at least discuss this, yes…
:SbktaSB: WOO! WEDDING PARTY!?
:WogSB: This one is still confused…

:ChroniclerSB: And so Kronos story is coming to an end. From a humble beginning to a slayer of gods… his path has been an interesting one. But in the end, this story has to do as all other stories do… and end.
>>
No. 851487 ID: 65a774
File 151319248787.png - (17.63KB , 686x526 , might.png )
851487

:DreamerSB: But there are still stories yet to be told… each of the people you’ve met through your journey have their own story to tell... each one has their own ending to show. Let me tell you a few of them…

:HeliosCB: At the time he abdicated the throne he was known as King Helios the magnificent for the great deeds he had accomplished in his lifetime. By not only stopping the drums of war but even forging an alliance strong enough to last generations, he enabled both Risavia as well as the empire to flourish and enter an age of peace and prosperity not seen in for hundreds of years.

:MomSB: Behind every great man, there is an even greater woman…? Unless you’re not into that… or are a woman in the first place and… um… Behind every great person, there is an even greater significant other? Either way, in the end, she was the one who dedicated her life for her sons and daughter, and made sure they grew up to leave a better future after themselves.

:KiraSB: The wise, the queen of iron or the Lady of shadows, Kira gathered many names under her reign as queen. While beloved by the people, she was hated and despised by the nobility... or was, until she had those going against her will crushed beneath her iron heel. While she did not officially have anything to do with the slave uprising and civil war that broke the dynasty to the south apart, many know that her hidden influence stretches far beyond the borders of Northrians countries. In the end, her reign left Risavia without any enemies on their borders or within them, thus enabling the lords to build instead of destroy.

:KarasCB: With coins and honeyed words, Karas finally managed to construct the largest trade fleet the serene sea had ever witnesses, and with it he brought goods and gold back to Risavia from the isles and all the way to the edge of the endless abyss. He also reopened the way east through Lorentia, enabling trade to commence once again with the eastern sea. Suddenly, the world became smaller, as he connected all four of the Northrians nation to the rest of the continent.

:KarenCB: Unknowingly getting a chance at life, Karen of the royal family spent her days in libraries and archives around Northrian and other nations close by. She became a great historian and is best known for her collected works of Northrian nation’s history and the forming of the new alliance.

:NonSB: Kern, the wayward son of the royal family, traveled all over the continent in the search of adventure. Known as a renowned explorer and gentleman, Kern managed many great deeds in his lifetime. From bringing down the great demon wyvern of Xansinal to climbing the Sky Mountains, his accomplishments will be sung for the generations to come. Though, little did he know, his most important part of history was to happen in the often forgotten country of Occidavia, in a story yet been told...
>>
No. 851488 ID: 65a774
File 151319250112.png - (53.76KB , 686x526 , be.png )
851488

:BelsethCB: While suffering a broken heart after seeing Kronos chose Briannah, Belseth managed to mend it by finding love elsewhere. While nearly ten years his senior, he was able to find a common ground and love with a General Calcias, someone that shared his altruism and joy of philosophy. Because the gods was unmade, Belseth was never struck with the visions of the future (as I never saw it fit to give it to him) nor did he grow religious. Instead, he sought his father’s and “mother’s” path and became part of the politics of the empire. He was even nominated for the seat of emperor when his “mother” stepped down, but was never able to reach it fully.

:SisahCB: With the great tragedy of her youth unmade, Sisah never became the lone mercenary she was in the other timeline. Instead, she remained a member of her old mercenary company, a company that showed great skill and loyalty towards the crown of Risavia over the coming years. While she personally never reached the same renown as her other self, it is clear that she is happier this way.

:TimSB: While Tim was never able to find his perfect mate, he instead found love in his work of elemental theory. Being one of the first mages to witness a newly born elemental, his scriptures and research in the subject took the mage academies by storm. In fact, with his hard work and dedication... as well as the favorable backing of a certain influential Prince, he now sits as a candidate for one of the twelve seats of the archmages.

:SbktaSB: As the lack of war enabled the crown to spend more coin on cultural ends, the royal library grew in size and knowledge. S’bk’ta the librarian became the headmaster of these facilities and proclaimed them open for the public, enabling the common people to both learn and enjoy the splendor of Risavia itself. Though the long hours was not appreciated by his wife, S’bk’ta still succeeded in where Tim had faltered and started his own family.

:WogSB: ...Whisper of growth is still a gardener just as it was in the beginning of the story... and will still be one until the day it wither. Still, the garden in its care have never flourished as it does now, even though Whisper itself doesn't understand why... and these strange little stone men keep running around stealing his tools…
>>
No. 851489 ID: 65a774
File 151319251567.png - (44.90KB , 686x526 , Some.png )
851489

:DoxanCB: While not entirely sure why, Doxan felt an undying loyalty and love for Lady Briannah, and thus swore himself as her manservant for life. Even though he himself never found a mate, he was always happy to be by his lady’s side… even though he started to get confused feelings from watching her eat…

:ThaliaCB: Thalia slowly and steadily rose through the rank of the military, and while they managed to slow her down thanks to her young age, that is something that changes over time, isn’t it? When she reached the middle of her life she finally achieved her dream of becoming a general… though by then she was far happier about her marriage then rank.

:XarrinSB: As he was never forcibly drafted to the war, Xarrin was able to continue his career as an archologies. With his help, the empire unearthed many wonders of the old empire… as well as definite proof that there was a sixth god that had been long forgotten. The grand temple of Risavia is to this day still discussing the implications of these findings…

:CalciasSB: Wait, who was this guy again? Didn’t he appear like once in the whole story? I guess he is banging Belseth now or something…

:QelbaSB: …he didn’t get murdered? That about it? He’s still a grumpy old man after all…
>>
No. 851490 ID: 65a774
File 151319252666.png - (36.73KB , 686x526 , kind.png )
851490

:ChroniclerSB: Of course, not everyone made it to the end of the story, did they? Some were less lucky than others… while others got what they deserved in the end, did they not?

:ZelaSB: Poor little Zela, born too late to be saved. As the war was unmade, so was the reasons why her birth came to be in the first place. As you unmade the war, you unmade the painter, Zela, from reality itself.

:EleteSB: Scheming and manipulating, the old Archbishop thought herself untouchable. But when her plans fell apart, her desperation for a war made her slip up… and in the end, her life ended in the noose.
>>
No. 851491 ID: 65a774
File 151319253787.png - (102.24KB , 686x526 , of.png )
851491

:DreamerSB: Then there is one final story we should look at… the story of Kronos himself. He and his brother managed to convince their father about Briannah, ensuring one of the biggest wedding of all of Northrian came to past…

:archCB: -take these men as your sworn ember until the great flame brings you apart?
:BriannahCB: I do…
:archCB: Then I proclaim you man and… men and wife…
>>
No. 851492 ID: 65a774
File 151319254559.png - (89.71KB , 686x526 , ending.png )
851492

:ChroniclerSB: And so… like most things… this book came to an end…
>>
No. 851508 ID: 3ce125

>>851492
Hey, I still see another page in that book.
>>
No. 851510 ID: 33cbe7

>>851508
That's just the endcap where they advertise other books from the publisher.
>>
No. 851511 ID: 600f38

>>851490
Hey, Fate, make Zela one of Bri's kids.
Partially for shits and giggles, but mostly because that's important.
>>
No. 851514 ID: efcb9a

Can we please see the little birbzards?
>>
No. 851519 ID: 91ee5f

>>851491
Yay! ^_^

>>851492
Awww, we don't get to see the baby? )-':>

>The End...?
Alright, where's the real ending?

>>851511
No, it's not important.
>>
No. 851532 ID: 65a774
File 151320032750.png - (35.00KB , 686x526 , Vrrr.png )
851532

>Hey, I still see another page in that book.
...
>>
No. 851533 ID: 65a774
File 151320033514.png - (36.59KB , 686x526 , Vrrrr.png )
851533

*Crack*…
>>
No. 851534 ID: 65a774
File 151320034274.png - (46.87KB , 686x526 , Vrrrrr.png )
851534

*Crunch!*
:ElementSB: Vrrr?
>>
No. 851535 ID: a633c6

Consume them all, little stone man.
>>
No. 851546 ID: 3ce125

>>851534
Steal all the tools!
>>
No. 851665 ID: fe7355

>>851491
...This is a beautiful sight. More than I had hoped for. For me, this makes all we've done worth it.

>>851514
I too was hoping to see little Vark-Sakkilian hybrids. I imagined they'd look something like anthro versions of the feathered dinosaur precursors to birds.
>>
No. 851666 ID: 600f38

>>851519
It's super important.
>>
No. 851671 ID: 91ee5f

>>851666
Only for you.

It's not important for the rest of us.
>>
No. 851689 ID: 7e6b7c

>Belseth
BULLSHIT
but at least he's happy.

>>851492
>>851488
But did everyone else who was down in the crypt remember the dream? Did they ever explain the dream to anyone? Did Kronos hug his mother and cry? Did Kronos get to take Thalias, Belseths and/or Sisahs cock?
DID THEY HAVE KIDS?
>>
No. 851705 ID: 094652

So... GolementalQuest?
>>
No. 851749 ID: 65a774
File 151327186261.png - (41.79KB , 686x526 , Didnt.png )
851749

>>
No. 851750 ID: 65a774
File 151327187253.png - (39.19KB , 686x526 , it.png )
851750

:NonSB: I have returned, my lord.
:ForgottenSB: …did it go as planned? Did you retrieve the artifact?
:NonSB: There was some… complications. The siblings rewrote time itself to try and stop me but… I was able to retrieve it.
:ForgottenSB: …show me.
>>
No. 851751 ID: 65a774
File 151327188528.png - (44.30KB , 686x526 , end.png )
851751

:NonSB: A cradle of souls… filled with the souls of the gods themselves.
:ForgottenSB: Then it has begun. All that is left is the forge… which is your next goal.
:NonSB: As you wish, my lord…
:ForgottenSB: Oh, and good work…
>>
No. 851752 ID: 65a774
File 151327189658.png - (25.41KB , 686x526 , DundunDUN.png )
851752

:ForgottenSB: …Cain.
:NonSB: I am simply serving my master…
>>
No. 851754 ID: ec849f

Qu'est-ce que fuck?
>>
No. 851756 ID: 2fe26a

He's a very able servant.
>>
No. 851770 ID: 3ce125

>>851751
>filled with the souls of the gods themselves.
You mean the souls that Life already claimed?

Methinks Cain is not being honest, here.
>>
No. 851834 ID: 91ee5f

It's like a Marvel movie. Just when you think it's over, something else pops up!
>>
No. 851956 ID: ac270a

And just who the hell is this guy??
>>
No. 852094 ID: fe7355

>>851956
The Forgotten One. The Serpens who ascended but eschewed all that god malarkey and instead created "metal men" and forged a army against the rest of the gods and the world before they and the Forgotten One were defeated and forgotten. ...And who's body is oddly not Serpens shaped, but bipedal. Perhaps they placed their mind and soul into the shell of one of their metal men. I dunno. We'll find out the why and how this happened at some point.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password