[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 854723)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 151466643646.gif - (169.99KB , 864x858 , kiplair.gif )
854723 No. 854723 ID: c914a9

Expand all images
>>
No. 854724 ID: d4516a

Man, you're adorable.
>>
No. 854725 ID: c914a9
File 151466658749.gif - (27.31KB , 800x580 , panel1.gif )
854725

Wake.

[b]Attention:[b] The prologue will be just a lot of cutscenes at first, please wait 'till the end of the prologue (Page 30) to submit any commands and questions!
>>
No. 854726 ID: c914a9
File 151466669882.png - (12.79KB , 800x580 , kip1.png )
854726

It... seems this fella has arrived at his destination.

The feline-looking creature stares at his surroundings, slightly tormented by a minor headache from the fall. "Yes, this is definitely the place", he mutters. He is now inside of the CORE, the largest building inside of the AREA 152, and he has some work to do.
>>
No. 854727 ID: c914a9
File 151466673976.png - (11.06KB , 800x580 , kip3.png )
854727

This creature's name is KIP, and while he looks like a cat, he likes to be called a KEOTHERA. He's a LONE TRAVELER with a BURNING CURIOSITY that often leads him to very unusual places like this. But curiosity isn't the only reason why he's here. Kip has been keeping an eye on the AREA 152 and every organization installed there for a very long time. A place isolated in the middle of a vast and bland desert with little to no vegetation and absolutely no signals of civilization around it at the slightest. Places like this have been freaking Kip out a lot since the government started funding space trips to other planets more and more. He knows there's something wrong with this place, but he couldn't figure out what. As far as he knows, the CORE should've been abandoned dozens of years ago, but for some reason it's still there. And last night, Kip could finally find a small hint of activity in here. Which was enough of an excuse to BREAK IN.

Now that he's in, though, he isn't quite sure what to do. Or what to expect.
>>
No. 854728 ID: 2a13fa

Inspect note on table.
Eat pens.
Drink puddle.
>>
No. 854729 ID: c914a9
File 151466684647.png - (14.15KB , 800x580 , kip4.png )
854729

>did he get drunk and like whats that STUFF

No, Kip is pretty sober. Getting drunk isn't his style, especially at work.
Kip isn't exactly sure what it's either. It doesn't seem particularly harmful though. He moves his foot a little further away from it just for safety.
>>
No. 854730 ID: c914a9

>>854724
>>854728

(( Quiiiick heads up: Sorry, but the first pages will be just cutscene since I started the comic somewhere else. I wanted to sage the hell outta them but they're too many so I kinda can't. Just wait 'till the end of the prologue to submit stuff! ))
>>
No. 854733 ID: c914a9
File 151466721790.png - (13.49KB , 800x580 , kip5.png )
854733

TIME TO GO EXPLORING!

Enough of just sitting there. Kip gets up and takes a good look around.
>>
No. 854734 ID: c914a9
File 151466731754.png - (11.91KB , 800x580 , locker.png )
854734

>Check lockers.

Kip checks the lockers, but he’s only able to open one of them, the one with the number 313 on it. Something tells him this number is gonna be important later. In the locker he finds a bunch of NOTEBOOKS with a lot of annotations filling each page, which catch Kip’s attention instantly, along with a TINY BOX and a very weird BUTTON which he assumes should trigger a thing inside this room, though he isn’t exactly sure of what or whether it could be dangerous or not. And above the shelf where the box is located he finds a photo which seems to belong to the owner of this locker, a very handsome looking boy he must say.
>>
No. 854735 ID: c914a9
File 151466737648.gif - (52.76KB , 800x580 , button.gif )
854735

>Press the button

Kip isn't quite sure if that's a good idea. But he does it anyways. He hears a click noise coming from the other side of the room, and then he can hear white noise coming from the speaker.
>>
No. 854737 ID: c914a9
File 151466747091.gif - (38.56KB , 800x580 , speaker.gif )
854737

Kip lets go of the button. The noise coming from the speaker ceases. He'd rather not mess with that button again, just for safety.
>>
No. 854738 ID: c914a9
File 151466755270.png - (15.11KB , 800x580 , box.png )
854738

>Open the box.

Kip opens the tiny box. Inside, he finds a key, along with what seem to be a lot of old family photos. The same guy from the picture on the locker is in every photo, and he looks happy.
>>
No. 854739 ID: c914a9
File 151466760641.png - (49.01KB , 800x580 , photos.png )
854739

>Take the key. Examine photos.

Kip takes the key and then takes a look at the photos.
Something about them feels... heartwarming. And at the same time, something on the atmosphere feels terribly off.
>>
No. 854740 ID: c914a9
File 151466765990.gif - (97.79KB , 800x580 , store.gif )
854740

Enough of looking at these photos. There doesn't seem to be anything else that's interesting inside that locker, so Kip decides to take what he thinks will be useful and explore the rest of the room.

Kip lifts the NOTEBOOK and the TINY BOX up in the air through his TELEKINETIC POWERS that're NATURAL TO HIS SPECIES and stores them in his INVENTORY.

The reader looks confused.
>>
No. 854741 ID: c914a9
File 151466771993.gif - (87.59KB , 800x580 , key.gif )
854741

Kip inspects the key too. It seems to open some kind of earthling door, nothing too high tech, so it's kind of useless for him. But he stores it in his INVENTORY anyways, just to be safe.

The reader has questions.
>>
No. 854742 ID: c914a9
File 151466781525.png - (15.67KB , 800x580 , table.png )
854742

>Check notes on the table.

Kip walks towards the table on the other side of the room, and he takes a look at the few objects on it. He finds what seems to be some kind of work report, it did sound pretty formal at least. Some parts of the report catch his attention.
>>
No. 854743 ID: c914a9
File 151466784638.png - (454.92KB , 800x1035 , report.png )
854743

Kip gives the report a long, careful read.
>>
No. 854744 ID: c914a9
File 151466786874.png - (142.19KB , 800x580 , fear.png )
854744

This is exactly what you feared.

Space is not a playground. It can be your own Hell. The further you look into it, the worse it'll get, and the more regrets you'll have in the end.
>>
No. 854745 ID: c914a9
File 151466789101.png - (24.87KB , 800x580 , captcha.png )
854745

But you're gonna fix it. You have to.
>>
No. 854746 ID: c914a9
File 151466792646.png - (6.37KB , 800x580 , door.png )
854746

This is your job after all. Protect.
Keep the innocent creatures safe from your own kind.

And you promise this place is going down.
>>
No. 854747 ID: c914a9
File 151466797453.gif - (46.56KB , 800x580 , kip8.gif )
854747

Kip, enough playing around, it's time for you to introduce your TRUE self.
>>
No. 854748 ID: c914a9
File 151466802115.png - (10.03KB , 800x580 , stare.png )
854748

Wake, once again, and breath the fresh air of this pure world.
>>
No. 854749 ID: c914a9
File 151466804660.gif - (206.80KB , 1600x1160 , kiplairy.gif )
854749

Your true name is KIPLAIR NEBULAE, and you’re what they call a THERRAN, an alien species of shape-shifting creatures, and you’ve been sent to this planet years ago as an undercover agent to explore and maintain the order. Therrans are divided by castes, each caste containing their own special attributes; you’re a KEOTHERA, a caste known for their very tiny size and weak physique and yet EXTREMELY POWERFUL PSYCHIC ABILITIES, making you what they call in your planet as a really skilled MINDMAGE, vulgarly known as a MINDFUCKER.

And you’re right now located on the planet known as EARTH, inhabited by many different creatures mostly covered in fur and walking on two legs, having also a fairly rational brain although they still aren’t very technologically advanced. You’ve been wanting to come here for a long time since you’d noticed the increase in numbers of space trips funded by your government towards this specific planet. There’s nothing interesting about it that your kind could crave, except, of course, slaves. Such a foolish and not highly developed species is the perfect prey to the wicked minds.
>>
No. 854750 ID: c914a9
File 151466809643.png - (27.26KB , 800x580 , earth.png )
854750

It’s been many translation cycles since you moved in and you’ve developed a new persona based on the species known as a “cat” for the sake of blending in. Also, your real form is too tiny, which is another reason why you had to make that new persona too; you didn’t want to be squished under any earthling’s gigantic, dirty, stinky paws. And even if you did at some point, it was for researching purposes, just like any cuddling and snuggling session you’ve ever had with the fluffy soft earthling creatures known as rabbits. BUT THAT’S NOT IMPORTANT.
>>
No. 854751 ID: c914a9
File 151466811686.png - (41.75KB , 800x580 , core.png )
854751

Honestly, it’s... Kind of a stretch to say you were SENT here. Your boss ditched you and chose someone else once he realized how emotionally attached to the furred creatures you seemed to be. But that didn’t stop you from coming here on your own, you knew you had work to do. For your safety, you’ve also developed the cat species a lot further than any earthling has, making an alternate form for yourself: the new ADVANCED CAT, a BATTLE FORM you could use. That form increases your resistance along with your telekinetic powers by a significant lot. Battle forms ensure you’ll have some way to hold your own on a fight against any formidable foe without having to completely stray away from the original earthling form, which is pretty important considering that showing your true self openly like that in a foreign planet is FORBIDDEN and punished by a DEATH PENALTY. It clearly doesn’t even matter anymore to you though, does it? After breaking into this place you’ve realized there are much more important things at stake than just your own life, and you’ll pay whatever price you need to get the job done, no matter how high it will be.
>>
No. 854752 ID: c914a9
File 151466815071.gif - (129.96KB , 800x580 , save.gif )
854752

Now its time for you to finally get the job done.
It's not safe to wander around in your true form at the risk of being seen, but it 's not a problem for you, you've been wanting a chance to use this new form again for a while now.
>>
No. 854753 ID: c914a9
File 151466822258.png - (7.87KB , 800x580 , code.png )
854753

The only door that leads out of this room seems to open with a code, and yet for some reason it also seems to have a keyhole. Maybe it's just there in case of any emergencies when there's no electricity?

You have no idea what the code for that door could be. But that's not a problem.
>>
No. 854754 ID: c914a9
File 151466824122.gif - (32.40KB , 800x580 , magic.gif )
854754

Not for a KEOTHERA at the very least.
>>
No. 854755 ID: c914a9
File 151466826353.gif - (22.81KB , 800x580 , unlocked.gif )
854755

Earthling doors are ridiculously easy to bypass.
Of course they wouldn't put the true reinforced doors with advanced technology right on this room, so close to the entrance. They can't risk that much. Kip feels like he won't be so lucky later on though, so finding out codes is still important.
>>
No. 854756 ID: c914a9
File 151466830268.gif - (52.84KB , 1300x1305 , keo.gif )
854756

And in you go. It's finally time. There's no going back now.

Kip enters the CORE.

[END OF THE PROLOGUE.]
>>
No. 854763 ID: c914a9
File 151466837117.png - (10.72KB , 800x580 , hall.png )
854763

Kip stands in a large and quiet room.

What should he do?

[Cutscene is finally over, now you guys can submit commands and stuff!]
>>
No. 854765 ID: 97ae45

Innit obvious? Do shit.
>>
No. 854769 ID: 50d32d

Retrieve arms from desk drawer.
>>
No. 854771 ID: ba56e6

Acquire erection
>>
No. 854777 ID: 91ee5f

>>854763
Check the desk for anything important.
>>
No. 854781 ID: 613c3b

You know, we probably have the key for that door on your left but screw it. Just use your psychic powers to pick the lock instead.
>>
No. 854796 ID: 6cc25a

Use the phone. Order a pizza.
>>
No. 854800 ID: b1b4f3

>>854763
Anything interesting on the desk? Also please clarify-- is this facility run by your kind? If so what was that researcher talking about?
>>
No. 854836 ID: c914a9
File 151468498421.gif - (43.86KB , 800x580 , PENS.gif )
854836

>>854765
>Innit obvious? Do shit.
Kip nods his head in an obedient way.
And then he starts tearing apart all the papers on the desk. He’s doing his best.
BUT DON’T WORRY, Kip is NOT that dumb, all the papers on that desk looked completely useless and some hadn’t a lot of stuff written on them anyways.

>>854728
>Inspect note on table.
>Eat pens.
>Drink puddle.
Kip may be no longer in the first room, but he decides to honor your splendid command anyways. He sticks all the pens he can find inside his mouth. Yet he refuses to drink the puddle, that’s just too much.

>>854771
>Acquire erection
It... doesn’t work like that. What makes you think Kip can get one of those?.... He can, though rarely, and he’s really picky.
>>
No. 854837 ID: c914a9
File 151468506083.png - (18.72KB , 800x580 , phone.png )
854837

>>854796
>Use the phone. Order a pizza.
Kip inspects the phone, but it doesn’t seem to be working sadly. All he can hear is a dreadful silence. It’s okay, he didn’t want that pizza anyways.

>>854769
>Retrieve arms from desk drawer.
There are no arms in the desk drawer either, it’s too tiny, any arms kept there would end up STUCK anyways. Unless they were heavily mutilated to the point where they can fit anywhere. You decide to not think about that.

>>854777
>Check the desk for anything important.
Sadly there isn’t anything important or useful on the desk, except for some paperclips and the pens, but he isn’t sure if these are gonna be useful to him in the future.
>>
No. 854838 ID: c914a9
File 151468518428.gif - (19.40KB , 800x580 , pick.gif )
854838

>>854781
>You know, we probably have the key for that door on your left but screw it. Just use your psychic powers to pick the lock instead.
Kip doesn’t think the key he found on the locker opens this big door. The doctor wouldn’t just leave a random key for a random door inside a tiny box in his own locker with pictures he treasures a lot. He knows that key is a lot more important than an average door.
Although having a key for that door WOULD be pretty good. Kip’s magic is not infinite, sadly, no matter how much he wants it to be. He has already wasted a lot of magic trying to break into this place and knocking himself out some time ago. It doesn’t seem like a good idea to keep using the telekinesis like a toy.
While Kip may always try to stand pretty high and mighty, he needs guidance. It has been hard for him to work on his own, without his boss. Gladly, he finally has some people to guide him out of instant damnation.

>>854800
>Anything interesting on the desk? Also please clarify-- is this facility run by your kind? If so what was that researcher talking about?
Yes, you’re almost a 100% sure this facility is run by a Therran, but you have no idea of what caste they could belong to. Higher castes can prove to be a bit of a challenge, and he’s hoping it won’t be the case. Kip has no idea what the doctor was talking about though, sadly. Whatever it was, sounded like a big problem.
>>
No. 854855 ID: 33cbe7

Try knocking.
>>
No. 854872 ID: b1b4f3

>>854838
So you're saying you shouldn't spend power to pick that lock? Check in the room across the hall instead. I see that indentation used to mark its presence!
>>
No. 854876 ID: 613c3b

Okay then, check the door on the other side of the hall then. Also, read any signs in the hall you can find.
>>
No. 854879 ID: 50d32d

Retrieve armaments from desk drawer.
>>
No. 854893 ID: 13fded

Why would someone have pictures of themselves all over their locker? I think the owner of this key was the partner of the handsome wolf.

For now all I can assume is that this place is large and secure. Take some pen and paper and biggin to make a map, it will be useful latter.
There may be aggressive mutant aliens and a paranoid militia. We will need to strategy your defense but for now try to move undetected and silently.
>>
No. 854955 ID: c914a9
File 151473886504.gif - (13.23KB , 800x580 , rattle.gif )
854955

>>854855
>Try knocking.
Kip tries knocking on the door, but nothing happens. He decides to get closer to it to listen, and he can hear a very faint rattling noise coming from the other side.
It gives him shivers.

>>854879
>Retrieve armaments from desk drawer.
The desk drawer has only more paper. Which... is pretty useful. But not as much as some armament would be. It’s okay though, he still has his psychic abilities.

>>854876
>Also, read any signs in the hall you can find.
Kip takes a look at the sign above the door. It just says “ROOM 1”. He isn’t very sure if this label has any importance at all.
>>
No. 854956 ID: c914a9
File 151473890595.png - (14.01KB , 800x580 , scribble.png )
854956

>>854893
>Why would someone have pictures of themselves all over their locker? I think the owner of this key was the partner of the handsome wolf.
Now that he thinks about, you may be right! Either that, or the wolf is just painfully narcissistic. But your guess makes a lot more sense!
>For now all I can assume is that this place is large and secure. Take some pen and paper and biggin to make a map, it will be useful latter. There may be aggressive mutant aliens and a paranoid militia. We will need to strategy your defense but for now try to move undetected and silently.
Kip nods excitedly agreeing to the plan. He retrieves more paper from the desk drawer and begins scribbling a map of the two rooms he’s been in so far. This is going to come in handy if he ends up lost. Then he gives you a reassuring smile for the great idea.
>>
No. 854958 ID: c914a9
File 151473905108.gif - (14.53KB , 800x580 , light.gif )
854958

>>854872
>So you're saying you shouldn't spend power to pick that lock?
Kip CAN lockpick IF YOU WANT him to. But it’ll cost him energy. It’s up to you to decide if he should do it or not. Just for further reference he'll let you have a look at how much ENERGY he has left later.
>Check in the room across the hall instead. I see that indentation used to mark its presence!
Nice observation! He’s glad someone noticed that. The exit on the other side of the room seems to lead to a hallway, and there seems to be some strange lights coming from it and Kip has no idea what they are. It also seems like there used to be a sign on that well but someone must’ve ripped it off.

There are two ways out of this room. Kip can use his power to pick that lock and go through that big door to check where the rattling noise is coming from, or he could go to the hallway instead to check where the weird lights are coming from. Which path should he choose?
>>
No. 854965 ID: 4cdbab

>>854955
Make paper shurikens out of all that paperwork. Hey, It's better than nothing!
>>
No. 854967 ID: 13c658

Do you have any small, reflective surface that could be used to peer around the corner without exposing yourself?
>>
No. 854970 ID: 27c0e0

No no no ACQUIRE erection! Check your inventory.

Why are we here? Who owns this place? Who's in charge here? Do you people allow slavery? What are your peoples plans for this planet? What was that about bunny snuggles?
>>
No. 854972 ID: 3181a5

>he finally has some people to guide him out of instant damnation
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha oh wait you're serious HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHActually who are we?
>>
No. 854974 ID: 613c3b

Sneak your way up to the doorway quietly and poke your head around. Wanna see what's in there before you show yourself.
>>
No. 855009 ID: 50d32d

Make a paper airplane!
>>
No. 855021 ID: 393ae0

Check out the lights. Stroll in there confidently.
>>
No. 855022 ID: 13fded

Take a look at the flickering light.
>>
No. 855068 ID: c914a9
File 151476206091.png - (14.87KB , 800x580 , shuriken.png )
855068

>>854965
>Make paper shurikens out of all that paperwork. Hey, It's better than nothing!
Kip wastes a precious 10 minutes making a PAPER SHURIKEN.

He doesn’t regret it.
>>
No. 855069 ID: c914a9
File 151476214020.png - (15.46KB , 800x580 , pendant.png )
855069

>>854967
>Do you have any small, reflective surface that could be used to peer around the corner without exposing yourself?
Kip hasn’t any reflective object to use, sadly. I mean, he has his pedant, but he’s NOT gonna risk taking it off. That pendant is a tool of connection to the magic of his own planet. Without it, he’ll get a lot weaker and may even end up completely powerless if his energy is too low. Plus it’s a lot less reflective than a mirror so it wouldn’t be very useful anyways.

The pendant can do some pretty useful things to, like show how much magic Kip still has left, which you can see on that bar on the right corner.
>>
No. 855070 ID: c914a9
File 151476222976.gif - (21.56KB , 800x580 , mindblown.gif )
855070

>>854970
>Why are we here? Who owns this place? Who's in charge here?
CALM DOWN! You’re making poor Kip’s head hurt with that many questions!
Kip has already explained why he’s here. He thinks this place is run by a Therran and he wants to know what they’re doing. That’s his entire purpose here, to know who’s running it and what they want from this planet. And he still hasn’t found any answers yet.
>Do you people allow slavery? What are your peoples plans for this planet?
No, it’s STRICTLY against the law to enslave ANY RACE they may consider as “inferior” unless with approval of the THERRAN QUEEN. That’s why Kip wants to burn this place down for fuck’s sake. And her majesty doesn’t have any plans for this planet as far as he knows. Earthlings are classified as an inferior race of creatures, they don’t even have any kind or ordinary abilities besides those that are ruled by the laws of gravity and physics. What in the hell could a Therran be looking for in this planet besides slaves?
>What was that about bunny snuggles?
Sorry, but no. We don’t talk about the bunny snuggles. Ever.
>>
No. 855071 ID: c914a9
File 151476226773.gif - (24.46KB , 800x580 , believe.gif )
855071

>>854970
>No no no ACQUIRE erection! Check your inventory.
But... Fine, Kip prefers not to question your commands any further.
Kip’s carrying the NOTEBOOK and the TINY BOX with the PICTURES OF THE HANDSOME WOLF inside along with the KEY which are the three things he got from the locker; and also the MEDIC SECTOR REPORT, some PENS, PAPER, and a lot of PAPERCLIPS. He kinda feels like his inventory is a little too clogged up with silly things.

>>854972
>Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha oh wait you're serious
Don’t laugh. Poor sweet innocent Kip believes in you!
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHActually who are we?
You’re the voices in his head, of course!
Kip doesn’t question whether these voices are demons wanting him dead or not, he just listens.
>>
No. 855073 ID: c914a9
File 151476233716.gif - (218.67KB , 800x580 , peek.gif )
855073

>>854974
>Sneak your way up to the doorway quietly and poke your head around. Wanna see what's in there before you show yourself.
Kip nods and begins to wave his arm carefully at the door way. For a fraction of a second, he seems something on the end of the hallway, but it quickly vanishes.
There’s something small and glowy on the floor.
>>
No. 855076 ID: 91ee5f

>>855073
That's obviously a trap!

Instead of going over to that pendant, bring that pendant over to you with your magic!
>>
No. 855081 ID: 0035f9

>>855073
That has to be the guy you're looking for.
Do this >>855076, no benefit in exposing yourself.
>>
No. 855091 ID: 6cc25a

Use your telekinesis to pull the thing to you.
>>
No. 855108 ID: 613c3b

The thing on the ground looks just like your pendant, but why would a Therran ever take that off?
>>
No. 855113 ID: 13fded

Would another Therran pendent improve your connection to your planet's magic? Even if it doesn't I assume there is some usefulness to it. Take it.

Maybe I'm naive, but I don't think it's a trap. A Therran wouldn't drop their pedant for the same reason kip won't, and the mutant aliens seemed somewhat animalist and too powerful to favor such silly underhanded tactic over a direct approach.
I guess that was a paranoid earthling survivor. He could be dangerous, but it's worth trying to contact this person to figure out more about what is going on.
>>
No. 855291 ID: c914a9
File 151484721898.gif - (1.04MB , 800x580 , drop.gif )
855291

>>855076
>That's obviously a trap!
>Instead of going over to that pendant, bring that pendant over to you with your magic!
That’s a brilliant idea! Kip uses his telekinesis to bring the pendant closer to him. Yet instead of grabbing it, he just drops it on the floor. If this is really a Therran’s pendant, he doesn’t wanna touch it.
If he touches another Therran’s pendant while both of them still have energy left a brief connection would be established between them. For a moment, whoever owns the pendant would know where Kip is, in the same way that Kip would also know where the owner of the pendant is. The risk is too big.

It may look like a Keothera’s pendant at first, but it damn right isn’t. That insanely powerful glow means that it belongs to a VERY FUCKING HIGH CASTE. Even so, for it to be glowing THAT MUCH, it can only mean that the pendant has been removed in the middle of a spell. Right now, that pendant is filled with an insane amount of magic. Putting it in better words, that pendant is like a clock bomb. A pendant with that much of magic is even more than just unstable. Kip prefers not to pick that up under any circumstance whatsoever. But as long as he won’t keep messing with it, it’ll not explode the room.
>>
No. 855292 ID: c914a9
File 151484738558.gif - (68.18KB , 800x580 , healers.gif )
855292

>>855108
>The thing on the ground looks just like your pendant, but why would a Therran ever take that off?
Kip has absolutely no idea. Most castes of Therrans would NEVER take off their pendant in a place like this without a good reason to do so. ESPECIALLY if they knew there’s an enemy around. And this one... Looks like it has been pulled off in the middle of a spell, like mentioned before.

Observing it more closely, Kip realizes this pendant belonged to a KHALUTAM, who’re known as the KINGDOM’S ROYAL HEALERS. They don’t have any true healing abilities, but they still possess incredible powers such as relieving pain and putting most creatures to sleep, and they also have a vast knowledge on all medicinal plants and herbs from all around the planet and even from a variety of other planets all around the universe. And while one may assume a healer can’t put up a good fight, they’re very wrong. KHALUTEM are VERY fierce, and they possess many other abilities. Beating them in a fight isn’t easy.

Kip covers the pendant with a bunch of PAPER because its glow is just so bright its blinding him right now, but it’s still not enough to hide it completely.
>>
No. 855294 ID: c914a9
File 151484742889.gif - (49.41KB , 800x580 , yay.gif )
855294

>>855113
>Would another Therran pendent improve your connection to your planet's magic? Even if it doesn't I assume there is some usefulness to it. Take it.
That’s a clever thought, but using the pendant of a Therran from a different caste wouldn’t improve Kip’s powers at all, and chances are it would just cause some conflict with his own magic. Plus that pendant is overflowing with magic, it would just blow his face off. Only the owner of that pendant can fix it.
>Maybe I'm naive, but I don't think it's a trap. A Therran wouldn't drop their pedant for the same reason kip won't, and the mutant aliens seemed somewhat animalist and too powerful to favor such silly underhanded tactic over a direct approach. I guess that was a paranoid earthling survivor. He could be dangerous, but it's worth trying to contact this person to figure out more about what is going on.
Kip remains silent after hearing that, staring in awe. And then he starts clapping. You’re completely right, and he thinks you’re an absolute genius.
A Therran would never take their pendant off, regardless of the circumstances. It would make them completely helpless. Taking another Therran’s pendant off is a tactic that’s also EXTREMELY frowned upon even by the worst kind of Therrans, so it’s a lot less likely this is a trap from one of his own kind.
The only creature who could have dropped this would be an Earthling. But how? How’d they have gotten hold of a Therran’s pendant? It wouldn’t be an easy task. Whoever managed to do that for sure isn’t weak at all. Kip knows he’ll have to be a lot more careful. What should he do?
>>
No. 855304 ID: 0035f9

Use your telekinesis to hide the pendant in a desk drawer or in the locker you opened before to hide it's glow, and keep it covered with paper too.
Just how high is YOUR caste?
>>
No. 855305 ID: 6cc25a

Explore the hallway.
>>
No. 855321 ID: 13fded

>...he thinks you’re an absolute genius.
Only when I'm sober, thanks.

Since the pedant can explode or something put it in the corner of the room, far from you and out of the way.
You have two options: either use your magic to unlock the door with the creepy sounds or go after the dangerous earthling. You will probable prefer the second option.
That guy may be planing to attack you as soon as you get close. I assume you aren't defenseless, but even so it might be worth to improvise a shield to hold in front of you as you move. Can the drawer be removed?
>>
No. 855336 ID: 33cbe7

I mean, if it would blow your face off, it could probably atomize any Terran that touched it. Continue down the hallway, looking for clues as to who's been here.
>>
No. 855482 ID: 613c3b

Carefully put the pendant in your inventory. As a last resort, you can always telekinesis it out of your inventory and in the direction of danger as an improvised bomb, and if you never need to use it as a bomb, you can return it to its owner in the hopes of earning some favor from them.
>>
No. 855509 ID: c914a9
File 151491425816.gif - (24.05KB , 800x580 , envelope.gif )
855509

>>855304
>Use your telekinesis to hide the pendant in a desk drawer or in the locker you opened before to hide it's glow, and keep it covered with paper too.
Kip nods and thinks this over for a second. The best place to hide this pendant would for sure be in the locker. He quickly dashes over to the first room, where he gladly left the door open, and throws the pendant into the locker marked with the number 313. Just to make sure the glow wouldn’t be all that noticeable, Kip puts the pendant inside a very thick envelope made out of paper. Perfect!

>>855336
>I mean, if it would blow your face off, it could probably atomize any Terran that touched it.
Yes, technically you’re right, but there’s no guarantee it wouldn’t end up blowing Kip up too along with the enemy and the rest of the room. Too much of a risk to take.

>>855482
>Carefully put the pendant in your inventory. As a last resort, you can always telekinesis it out of your inventory and in the direction of danger as an improvised bomb, and if you never need to use it as a bomb, you can return it to its owner in the hopes of earning some favor from them.
That’s isn’t entirely a bad idea, but it’s too dangerous regardless. As previously mentioned the pendant is almost a clock bomb now. Kip would prefer not to take such a risk. Plus, what was explained above. Using it as a weapon isn’t the best of ideas.
>>
No. 855510 ID: c914a9
File 151491431798.gif - (26.01KB , 800x580 , tape.gif )
855510

>>855321
>You have two options: either use your magic to unlock the door with the creepy sounds or go after the dangerous earthling. You will probable prefer the second option.
>That guy may be planing to attack you as soon as you get close. I assume you aren't defenseless, but even so it might be worth to improvise a shield to hold in front of you as you move. Can the drawer be removed?
Kip nods excitedly at another one of your absolutely great ideas! The drawer can be removed, and Kip does it with ease. Behind the drawer, he finds a very sharp object that resembles a letter opener, and puts it in his inventory. He inspects the room further to find some DUCT TAPE, and tapes the drawer to his arm enough for it to already start looking like a half-decent improvised SHIELD!
>>
No. 855512 ID: c914a9
File 151491437266.gif - (19.10KB , 800x580 , sweet.gif )
855512

>>855304
>Just how high is YOUR caste?
Kip looks down in a shy way. His caste is what you can call a middle class. Most of the time he works as an agent in missions with less than 3 points out of 10 in the Danger Scale, due to his soft personality and hesitance to kill, and most of the missions are in other planets. Young and innocent Kip likes to spend time on other planets a lot more than on his own, honestly. Bonding with other species is his favorite thing. Needless to say, he’s NOT used to being in true danger, yet he doesn’t wanna back away now. This is his time to prove himself,

And... since he came here to Earth, he has been... even softer than he has ever been in his own planet. Keotheras AREN’T known for being nice, they’re known as mindfuckers for a very good reason, they’re very sneaky and have many cruel mind games they like to play. But Kip is just... not like that. This is why he never got any real missions.

He’s really nice, likes to collect stuffed animals and warm earthling clothing, and his favorite thing to do here has been hugging bunny rabbits and befriending as many of them as he can find to learn about their culture. And he has never killed anything bigger than three inches. Kip is just too nice and fragile.

But he isn’t going to back away now.

Kip’s been in a quest for peace. He’s finally found his happy place, and he won’t let anyone destroy it that easy. Protecting the earthlings from the cruel deeds of his own kind is his duty and he’ll do it no matter what price he has to pay.
>>
No. 855513 ID: c914a9
File 151491443181.png - (11.33KB , 800x580 , walk.png )
855513

>>855305
>Explore the hallway.
Down the dim and silent hallway he goes.

>>855336
>Continue down the hallway, looking for clues as to who's been here.
There are a lot of scratch marks on the walls, but Kip can’t tell what exactly could have been there. Doesn’t seem friendly, though.
>>
No. 855514 ID: c914a9
File 151491458206.png - (12.17KB , 800x580 , drip.png )
855514

Kip enters a cold and dim LOBBY. No signal of an earthling here, sadly. He can hear the sound of water dripping from somewhere, but he can’t tell where exactly it’s coming from. There are plenty or rooms around him to explore, a big window at Kip’s left, a room with big doors and windows, and there also seems to be an elevator here as well. Where should he go?
>>
No. 855531 ID: 6cc25a

Look through the window.
Loot the cabinets.
Go through the windowed doors to the right.
>>
No. 855534 ID: 13fded

I can see why you where received so warmly by the earthlings. You are a sweetheart.

Check the window to your left them the door to your right. If no one is around open the drawers.
>>
No. 855581 ID: 613c3b

Look through that window then through the window on one of the doors.
>>
No. 855773 ID: 8566e6

Why do you think another Therran would be here, running this place? You think maybe he's trying to help the Terrans defend themselves against alien invasions or abductions? Maybe he cares about this planet as much as you do.

And if your into pacifism then go learn about Gandhi.
>>
No. 855897 ID: c914a9
File 151502402017.gif - (9.05KB , 800x580 , blush.gif )
855897

>>855534
>I can see why you where received so warmly by the earthlings. You are a sweetheart.
Kip blushes sweetly and smiles softly at you muttering a shy “Thank you!”.
>Check the window to your left them the door to your right. If no one is around open the drawers.
Kip nods in agreement. He’s very excited to open the drawers and see what’s in them, but he agrees it’s better making sure the place is safe before getting too distracted with anything else.
>>
No. 855898 ID: c914a9
File 151502405863.png - (14.73KB , 800x580 , look.png )
855898

>>855531
>Look through the window.
Kip looks through the window. The room behind that window is very dark, he can barely see anything, but he can still tell there are a lot of tables and he can also see microscopes over the tables and other lab objects.. It also seems that room is somehow connected to whatever room is behind the big doors in the previous room. Nevertheless, Kip still doesn’t wanna go there, at least not yet.
>>
No. 855899 ID: c914a9
File 151502411932.gif - (41.49KB , 800x580 , gasp.gif )
855899

>>855581
>Look through the window on one of the doors.
Kip looks through the windows on the doors. That room is ALSO too dark to see anything. But he can still see tables, and... Some weird lights in the room too, he has no idea where they’re coming from.

And he can hear something. Whimpers, and something else.

They’re calling for him.
>>
No. 855903 ID: 6cc25a

Smash the glass on the doors, like a good boy that you are, and open the door from the inside. That's how doors work, right? Then look for a light switch.
>>
No. 855906 ID: 50d32d

Be sure to wrap your paw in cloth before smashing any glass. Preferably use a projectile, or a hammer. Do not under any circumstances use your face.
>>
No. 855912 ID: 13fded

When did we established this door can only be open by the other side? Don't pass your arm through a broken window into a dark room with creepy shadows. Instead just open the door like a civilized person.
>>
No. 856003 ID: a9f653

oi don't ignore m ooo glowing eyes is that whats calling to you or is it something else?
>>
No. 856117 ID: 93df0d

See if you can turn on that room's lights from where you are once you open the doors, just to be safe.
>>
No. 856248 ID: c914a9
File 151512716690.gif - (20.62KB , 800x580 , push.gif )
856248

>>855912
>When did we established this door can only be open by the other side?
Kip finds your observation clever, but surprisingly enough, it’s irrelevant whether the door opens from both sides or only one, because it isn’t locked. Whoever is in there is unlikely to have the key.
Kip pushes the door with his soft kitty feets, and he can hear the clanking sound of a metal object. Looking through the window he sees a shiny long metal thingy holding the door shut. Whoever is in there may have gotten there to try and hide from something, and now they don’t even see to be able to get up anymore, so he assumes it backfired.
The door can’t be open from this side nor kicked down, SPECIALLY with Kip’s fragile and sensitive feet and fairly weak physique.
>>
No. 856249 ID: c914a9
File 151512720901.gif - (17.07KB , 800x580 , clak.gif )
856249

>>855903
>Smash the glass on the doors, like a good boy that you are, and open the door from the inside. That's how doors work, right? Then look for a light switch.
Kip nods confidently. He IS a good boy. That glass won’t get any mercy at all.

>>855906
>Be sure to wrap your paw in cloth before smashing any glass. Preferably use a projectile, or a hammer. Do not under any circumstances use your face.
Kip thanks you for worrying about his paw, and he nods; he has something even better than a hammer.

Kip SMASHES the glass of the windows with the DESK DRAWER.
>>
No. 856250 ID: c914a9
File 151512726938.gif - (162.28KB , 800x580 , hand.gif )
856250

>>855903
>Look for a light switch.
Kip dashes to the doors to open them as soon as he can, and passes his hands though the windows fiddling around with his fingers on the walls of the dark room trying to find any light switch, but he just can’t find it. Something pulls his hand.

Kip screams in pain.
>>
No. 856251 ID: 0ba46a

OH HELL NAW!
>>
No. 856255 ID: 3ce125

>>856250
Engage combat form and wreck this fool.
>>
No. 856264 ID: 13fded

Retrieve! Get some space and prepare a defensive position with that shiv.
It would be nice to pull this veiny person with you and use the glass against them but you emphasized so much your weak physique that I'm not confident you can do it. Maybe a telekinetic pull as you move backward.
>>
No. 856291 ID: 50d32d

Dammit you need to wrap it in cloth after you break the window too! That probably doesn't matter though, as you're being stabbed through your shirt sleeve! Don't panic! It was probably an accident! They probably aren't thinking clearly!

You need to focus on the glass, not who's attacking you! Don't move your arm at all, and try to use your other hand, or your telekinesis to pry their fingers off, so that you can carefully remove the glass from your wrist. Be ready to hold the wound closed and squeeze hard, if it starts bleeding a lot. Use your scarf as a compress.
>>
No. 856327 ID: 6cc25a

No worries, it's just a flesh wound.

Lick the hand that grabbed you until it lets go.
>>
No. 856344 ID: 93df0d

Ouchie. Use your free hand to stab the fucker with a pen. Afterwards, apply pressure to the wound to control the bleeding, and attempt to bandage it.
>>
No. 856405 ID: 0a8ff8

God dammit this is why glass sucks! Stupid ass backwards planet. And to think this could've been avoided if only we had some kind of sturdy protection tape to our arm oh wait
>>
No. 856486 ID: c914a9
File 151520659133.gif - (18.39KB , 800x580 , grip.gif )
856486

>>856291
>Dammit you need to wrap it in cloth after you break the window too! That probably doesn't matter though, as you're being stabbed through your shirt sleeve! Don't panic! It was probably an accident! They probably aren't thinking clearly!
>You need to focus on the glass, not who's attacking you! Don't move your arm at all, and try to use your other hand, or your telekinesis to pry their fingers off, so that you can carefully remove the glass from your wrist. Be ready to hold the wound closed and squeeze hard, if it starts bleeding a lot. Use your scarf as a compress.
Kip TRIES not to move a lot, but whatever grabbed his hand is STILL pushing it AGAINST the glass and it hurts like hell. He’s trying his hardest not to let it push his hand all the way down onto the glass, but Kip really doesn’t think he can hold it for much longer. Action is needed right now.
He freaks out, and with an outburst of his telekinetic power, he pushes the critter off, hearing a loud crack noise coming from the creature’s hand that makes him cringe. The glass is broken in the process, but he still manages to pull it off his arm with his telekinesis. After that, he just backs off dizzily, whimpering a lot, and squeezes the wound as much as he can groaning awfully in pain.
The poor boy doesn’t have time to make a compress right now, but he promises he’ll do it if he manages to get out of this room alive in the first place.
>>
No. 856487 ID: c914a9
File 151520669587.gif - (13.25KB , 800x580 , sobs.gif )
856487

>>856327
>No worries, it's just a flesh wound.
Kip tries to not to worry, but he can’t, for a fragile creature like him the pain is just unbearable. The poor boy cries out loudly and whines shaking a little and holding his bleeding injured arm. And the blood even ruined his favorite sweater!

>>856344
>Apply pressure to the wound to control the bleeding, and attempt to bandage it.
Kip applies as much pressure as he can, groaning and whimpering softly, yet he doesn’t think he’ll manage to bandage it decently right now under this pressure.

Kip’s WILL TO FIGHT is harshly affected by the unbearable pain.
>>
No. 856488 ID: c914a9
File 151520677229.gif - (14.05KB , 800x580 , stat.gif )
856488

Kip HAS to engage in a combat soon. He seems to have angered the creature, and now it’s banging on the door violently; with such a strength, it will very soon knock it down. And the chances of getting on the elevator before that happens are very slim.

>>856255
>Engage combat form and wreck this fool.
Kip is in too much pain and too weak to engage in his COMBAT FORM, BUT he can still defend himself in this form for now.

>>856264
>Retrieve! Get some space and prepare a defensive position with that shiv.
Kip nods, backing away quickly. He isn’t good at fighting with knives or anything close to it, but he sure can throw it around very well with his telekinesis.

It’s time for him to really prove himself, but he’ll need help.
Below here are KIP’S STATS.

Kip has 88/100 HP left after that attack. He’s still in pain.
There are no healing potions here whatsoever, so HP can only be restored by natural ways, and SLOWLY. It’s precious, so it’s important to try and not lose a lot of it too soon. Low HP makes Kip sad.

The bar on the left above the HP is your WILL TO FIGHT. It counts all sorts of variables, like weariness and pain, and if it hits zero you won’t be able to attack. The previous attack caused a lot of pain, and so your WILL POINTS are LOW.
Will Points can be regained by CHERISHING poor sweet Kip and giving him a motivation to fight. But don’t cherish too much. He can get a little too hyped up. Cherishing him enough will allow him to engage in COMBAT FORM soon.

MAGIC ENERGY is also important and shouldn’t be wasted. If Kip runs low on magic he’ll be completely defenseless against anything. Use magic carefully.
Attacks can range from 1% to 3% of magic energy. Picking up objects has no cost, but tires Kip out a little. He isn’t good at close or physical attacks.

He’s carrying the LETTER OPENER on his COMBAT INVENTORY and some other stuff that can be useful on his main inventory such as the PENS.
>>
No. 856502 ID: 13fded

Looking back at Dr. Storgekal report we can assume this creature skin is resistant to cuts and it's muscle tissue is the stronger structure in the body. In this case you should aim at vital regions with the least amount of muscle. The best target should be the eyes, maybe the mouth and nose as well, paces you can bypass it's natural defenses.
The report also mention this thing doesn't have a heart. That suggest that the torso won't be a very good target, so focus on the head. That also remind me about some leg veins that pump blood tanks to the surround muscles when the heart can't handle. Maybe it's muscles are so powerful and active this thing doesn't even need a heart.

The best attack strategy I can think is throw thing at the monster with you telekinetic power. Keep the letter opener and the pens either at hand or passively floating ready to launch. Once you get a good vision practice your aim with the pens then shiv it's eye!

I know this wasn't the best introduction to a fight, but aren't you excited? This is it! Your chance prove you can handle the challenge, to be the hero, to defeat what look like an evil monster. Let's do this!
>>
No. 856522 ID: 91ee5f

>>856488
Isn't there a metal filing cabinet to the left? Perhaps you can either knock it over onto whatever that creature is or you can pull out the drawers and fling them at the creature?
>>
No. 856527 ID: 3ce125

>>856488
Is CHERISH a command or do we just... encourage him?

Hey Kip, keep a stiff upper lip! You can do this, focus and face your enemy.
>>
No. 856529 ID: 93df0d

Barricade the DOORS using the FILE CABINET to buy you some time.
Calm down. Take a deep breath. Think of all the fluffy bunnies in distress that could be waiting for you in the next room, and you need to save them from this wicked beast! This is it, Kip, time to shine! You can do it, BE THE HERO!
Toss paper shuriken at murderbeast
>>
No. 856624 ID: 6cc25a

Aren't you supposed to be a powerful MINDFUCKER? Can't you put the creature to sleep or something?
>>
No. 856935 ID: c914a9
File 151539155424.gif - (63.71KB , 800x580 , cherish.gif )
856935

>>856527
>Hey Kip, keep a stiff upper lip! You can do this, focus and face your enemy.
Kip giggles a little bit, letting a small smile crawl onto his face. He promises he’ll try his best to focus more on the fight!

>>856529
>Calm down. Take a deep breath. Think of all the fluffy bunnies in distress that could be waiting for you in the next room, and you need to save them from this wicked beast! This is it, Kip, time to shine! You can do it, BE THE HERO!
Kip’s eyes sparkle brightly at the mention of bunnies. You’re right, this is no time to back off. The bunnies NEED him and he CANNOT let them down, EVER. He promised to protect them. And if needed, he’ll surely die for them.

KIP’S WILL TO FIGHT has been increased GREATLY.

I'm so sorry for the lack of updates yesterday and the very late update of today!
>>
No. 856936 ID: c914a9
File 151539162882.gif - (432.44KB , 800x580 , barricade.gif )
856936

>>856529
>Barricade the DOORS using the FILE CABINET to buy you some time.
Kip nods and BARRICADES the door with the FILE CABINET. He takes a deep breath and tries to calm down for a bit. It sadly doesn’t hold the creature for long.
>>
No. 856938 ID: c914a9
File 151539171705.gif - (176.29KB , 800x580 , stab.gif )
856938

>>856502
>Looking back at Dr. Storgekal report we can assume this creature skin is resistant to cuts and it's muscle tissue is the stronger structure in the body. In this case you should aim at vital regions with the least amount of muscle. The best target should be the eyes, maybe the mouth and nose as well, paces you can bypass it's natural defenses.
>The report also mention this thing doesn't have a heart. That suggest that the torso won't be a very good target, so focus on the head. That also remind me about some leg veins that pump blood tanks to the surround muscles when the heart can't handle. Maybe it's muscles are so powerful and active this thing doesn't even need a heart.
Kip gulps in fear at the sight of the creature before him, but he nods a little more confidently after hearing your absolutely amazing plan and thanks you for all your great observations regarding the report.
You may be right about this things’ veins being enough to replace its heart. They do look pretty damn thick and pulse in a way that grosses Kip out a little. And he nods agreeing to the strategy of not attacking the torso; it does look really damn tough and Kip can’t even be sure if the pens will go through it at all.
>The best attack strategy I can think is throw thing at the monster with you telekinetic power. Keep the letter opener and the pens either at hand or passively floating ready to launch. Once you get a good vision practice your aim with the pens then shiv it's eye!
Kip nods and keeps the letter opener and the pens carefully floating around him ready to be thrown.
>I know this wasn't the best introduction to a fight, but aren't you excited? This is it! Your chance prove you can handle the challenge, to be the hero, to defeat what look like an evil monster. Let's do this!
Yes, Kip IS very excited, specially after so much cheering. He knows he cannot back off now. And he promises you all he’ll do his very best!


Kips aims at the huge terrifying creature dashing towards him, and focusing on a single attack hoping for accuracy, he throws the pens and the letter opener at the monster at full force with his telekinetic powers. The pens lightly pierce some of the veins around the creature’s head, and the letter opener hits it right in the eye, piercing it and spreading a black goop-y substance that grosses Kip out.

It seems this has only angered the creature.
>>
No. 856945 ID: 13fded

I'm amazed that the opens even cut this thing at all and the letter opener found so much resistance fo so little penetration. I'm assuming it's skull is also abnormally strong to resist so much in it's weaker spot.
Can you pull you ammo back? It would be great if you could repeat this accomplishment and completely blind this monster. I assume the second attempt would be much more challenging now that it knows you can attack like that.
What spells can you cast to influence the mind? If possible you should make it goose chase illusions while you collect stuff to throw when it's not paying attention.
>>
No. 856955 ID: 3ce125

>>856938
This is the same thing you read the report about. You need something of similar power to a gun.

Can you use COMBAT FORM now? That would allow you to perform a second barrage, stronger this time.
>>
No. 857009 ID: 93df0d

TWIST the LETTER OPENER while it's still in the monster's eye with telekinesis for MAXIMUM DAMAGE.
Then, if possible, push it deeper, see if you can reach for the BRAIN.
>>
No. 857012 ID: 6cc25a

Use the broken glass from the broken window.
>>
No. 857193 ID: c914a9
File 151547957057.gif - (139.66KB , 800x580 , deep.gif )
857193

>>856945
>I'm amazed that the opens even cut this thing at all and the letter opener found so much resistance fo so little penetration. I'm assuming it's skull is also abnormally strong to resist so much in it's weaker spot.
The eye IS abnormally strong. It doesn’t even feel like a normal eye at all. But it isn’t what stopped the letter opener. Kip’s telekinesis pushed the knives and the letter opener as hard as it could against the creature’s head, and while the pens managed to open some cuts on the bulged veins, the letter opener stopped as if it had hit something solid. A very hard tissue, but not a bone.
And whatever drips from it does NOT seem like blood. More like a very strange liquid stored within bags in the muscle itself. Kip isn’t sure of the purpose of this substance yet however.
>What spells can you cast to influence the mind? If possible you should make it goose chase illusions while you collect stuff to throw when it's not paying attention.
Kip has a few spells he could use, although he ISN’T A FAN of the CONFUSION spells the other Keotheras OVERUSE all the time. Nevertheless, he CAN create some illusions around the place but nothing too strong, and he can also do a few very minor mind spells such as making someone lose their sense of balance for a limited amount of time. He hasn’t practiced these in a LONG TIME though.
Surprisingly enough, Kip can’t seem to even get into the creature’s mind at all. It feels as if there was nothing to target there. Kip can hardly feel its thoughts, and all he gets from it is just the most dreadful sensation he can think of.

>>857009
>TWIST the LETTER OPENER while it's still in the monster's eye with telekinesis for MAXIMUM DAMAGE.
>Then, if possible, push it deeper, see if you can reach for the BRAIN.
Brilliant idea! Kip pushes and twists the letter opener against the tissue as hard as he can, and even so it shows to be a lot tougher than expected, but gladly it isn’t impenetrable for Kip’s magic. He castes a brief strength spell to his attack, pushing it as far as it could go, yet the creature interrupts. They don’t let it reach the brain, breaking the letter opener. A substance leaks out of the creature’s eye socket, and this time, it’s red like earthling blood.
>>
No. 857194 ID: c914a9
File 151547966664.gif - (11.05KB , 800x580 , neck.gif )
857194

>>856945
>Can you pull you ammo back? It would be great if you could repeat this accomplishment and completely blind this monster. I assume the second attempt would be much more challenging now that it knows you can attack like that.
Kip is afraid it won’t be possible for him to retrieve the letter opener for now, but the pens return safely to him, even if a little damaged.

>>857012
>Use the broken glass from the broken window.
That’s not a bad idea, but Kip isn’t sure if it’s safe enough for him to pick a large amount of glass pieces at once. Still, he floats up a few of them, and aims them at the creature’s neck. It still doesn’t do a lot of damage, but draws blood easily. Broken glass is now a WEAPON and can be used at any time.
>>
No. 857195 ID: c914a9
File 151547975827.gif - (88.50KB , 800x580 , form.gif )
857195

>>856955
>Can you use COMBAT FORM now? That would allow you to perform a second barrage, stronger this time.
Kip successfully engages in his COMBAT FORM. Telekinetic abilities have now increased greatly in power. He isn’t as helpless in close combat in this form, but still hasn’t a very strong physique. As a side effect, though, he’ll have to spend a bit more of magic to keep up with this form. Will Points decrease a lot slower on this form though, and he’s a lot more agile too.
>>
No. 857198 ID: 3ce125

Okay this thing is very durable and I don't think the pens are suitable ammunition anymore. Backtrack and grab that overcharged pendant. Use it like a grenade.
>>
No. 857212 ID: 13fded

Those forms confuse me. I though you were a tiny alien pretending to be a normal size individual. If changing your form influence your magic shouldn't they be more similar to your real form than the alien specie you are mimicking?

Even if you are more capable of engaging in close combat I think you should avoid as much as possible. As far as we know the bigger advantage this thing have is it's superior strength, so your bigger advantage against it is your range attack.
What about speed? Are you faster than the monster? Attack and retrieve is a good way to deal with enemies that slug too much.
The cutting projectiles seem to be doing a good job provoking light wounds, but now that your telekinesis is empowered you could try heavier objects as blunt weapons. The drawers or even the bench should hit considerable harder, and would be specially damaging if used after covering this thing with broken glass.
>>
No. 857260 ID: cc5f4f

My assumptions are:
A.) The creature doesn't have a centralized nervous system.
B.) It's mindless.
C.) It acts on very flexible pre-programmed action appropriate to the stimulus it receives.
D.) It has immunity against psychic attacks. If this is the case, it may have encountered a keotherra before you, and therefore, we can also assume that there may be or have been others of your kind here.

We need to trip it up. We need to slow it down. Can you pick it up with your psychic powers? If so, do so, and smash that monstrosity against a hard surface like the walls or the floor.
>>
No. 857316 ID: 393ae0

Can't you just.. use telekinesis on the creature's brain? Pull it out through the eye socket. Or just splatter it from the inside out.
>>
No. 857781 ID: c914a9
File 151565804857.gif - (43.34KB , 800x580 , combine.gif )
857781

>>857212
>Those forms confuse me. I though you were a tiny alien pretending to be a normal size individual. If changing your form influence your magic shouldn't they be more similar to your real form than the alien specie you are mimicking?
You made a very good observation there, please let me clarify! Size DOES NOT really affect the magic. Kip could take the size of tiny micro kitty right now, and it wouldn’t affect his magic. What improves Kip’s magic in this form are these kind of tentacle-like things attached to his back. They improve his connection and are discreet enough to use here in this planet.
I need to clarify another thing! His combat form does NOT make HIM stronger, it simply allows him to spend MORE MAGIC ENERGY and improve his telekinesis a lot further than his previous fragile cat form would allow him. His small cat form was made for the only purpose of blending in, not for fighting. Spells in that form are sadly very weakened, even his own telekinesis.
The purpose of the tall and over-sized form is in case he needed to hold his own on a fight in front of the earthlings. Kip would NOT be able to just use telekinesis in front of them. Close physical combat would be the only way.
And answering your other question, it’s been already mentioned that showing his true form or even hinting and raising suspicion or calling attention is forbidden. It wouldn’t be clever of him to make a combat form very close to his real one. That “advanced cat form” was his best idea to keep himself safe there.
>Even if you are more capable of engaging in close combat I think you should avoid as much as possible. As far as we know the bigger advantage this thing have is it's superior strength, so your bigger advantage against it is your range attack.
You’re a good strategist, Kip happily follows your instructions.
>What about speed? Are you faster than the monster? Attack and retrieve is a good way to deal with enemies that slug too much.
Yes, Kip is a lot faster than the monster, specially in his combat form. Attack and retrieve does sound like a pretty good strategy for this.
>The cutting projectiles seem to be doing a good job provoking light wounds, but now that your telekinesis is empowered you could try heavier objects as blunt weapons. The drawers or even the bench should hit considerable harder, and would be specially damaging if used after covering this thing with broken glass.
TOP TIER STRATEGY. Using all your mighty knowledge, Kip combines some of his weapons to create heavier ammo. The DUCT TAPE comes in handy too.
Kip acquires the GLASS DRAWER OF DOOM by combining a DRAWER and the BROKEN GLASS. He’s pretty proud. Please don’t laugh at the names he’ll be giving his weapons, it helps him feel confident about his gear.
He also creates a deadly set of smaller ammo, the GLASS KNIVES, combining the PENS and the BROKEN GLASS. These could be useful too!
>>
No. 857782 ID: c914a9
File 151565818071.gif - (17.73KB , 800x580 , hit.gif )
857782

>>857260
>We need to trip it up. We need to slow it down. Can you pick it up with your psychic powers? If so, do so, and smash that monstrosity against a hard surface like the walls or the floor.
Aye, Kip can do that! Time to beat the shit outta this monster!


Kip SMASHES the weapon over the creature, who screams with pain. And at the same time, he pushes it off with his telekinesis,right down to the floor. It isn’t very hard to do at all.

I'm so sorry for the delay on every update and lack of updates in certain days lately!
>>
No. 857786 ID: ce19bd

>>857781
>Tentacle things

Are they like an extension of your spinal cord? Are they prehensile?

...Are they sensitive?
>>
No. 857788 ID: 3ce125

I guess continue the beatings until it backs off.
>>
No. 857826 ID: 4cf31e

Good! Now throw a barrage of GLASS KNIVES at its mouth while its screaming and rip up its throat from the inside. Keep slamming it with the GLASS DRAWER OF DOOM, and open the ELEVATOR DOORS. See if you can crush the creature with it.
>>
No. 857827 ID: 91ee5f

>>857782
Now strike at its neck! Try to cut its head off!
>>
No. 857843 ID: 13fded

Excellent! If you keep this up sooner or latter it's skull will break. Just pay attention on your surroundings as you move to avoid corner yourself.

Say, you planned your alternative form to avoid violate this exposure rule even in life and death situations, but didn't you insinuated breaking this rule for some... foot massages?
>>
No. 857978 ID: c914a9
File 151573587154.png - (13.44KB , 800x580 , hehe.png )
857978

>>857786
>Tentacle things
>Are they like an extension of your spinal cord? Are they prehensile?
>...Are they sensitive?
YES, the tentacles are connected to the spine. No, they aren’t very prehensile at all. And... yes, the tentacles ARE rather... ticklish. Why the question?

>>857843
>Say, you planned your alternative form to avoid violate this exposure rule even in life and death situations, but didn't you insinuated breaking this rule for some... foot massages?
Kip blushes deeply with that statement. Uhm? When did he say that? He doesn’t remember that. And even if he did that at sometime, whatever happens between four walls stays there, the queen doesn’t need to know! Yeah? Deal? Deal.

Also, just a heads up. Kip forgot to point out that he had time to quickly bandage his arm with cloth and duct tape. It’s a temporary solution so he won’t drop dead in the middle of the fight from blood loss.
>>
No. 857979 ID: c914a9
File 151573591386.png - (15.38KB , 800x580 , open.png )
857979

>>857826
>Now throw a barrage of GLASS KNIVES at its mouth while its screaming and rip up its throat from the inside.
Kip nods. Perfect tactic. The knives do an insane amount of damage.

The creature screams in pain. A scene like this is not pretty. But Kip will be fine, he’s very focused on his objective, too focused to back off now even with all the blood spilling out everywhere.

A flame burns inside him. It burns and burns, and can’t stop.
>>
No. 857980 ID: c914a9
File 151573595531.gif - (19.09KB , 800x580 , move.gif )
857980

>>857843
>Excellent! If you keep this up sooner or latter it's skull will break.
Kip nods once again. He can feel it. Every hit makes a loud cracking noise now. The creature slowly goes number with each hit. It won’t last long.

Fire casts no shadow. It only vanquishes it.
>>
No. 857981 ID: c914a9
File 151573599135.gif - (17.64KB , 800x580 , woof.gif )
857981

>>857843
>Just pay attention on your surroundings as you move to avoid corner yourself.
Kip is too caught up in the fight to pay attention to everything around him.


From the darkness, the tortured soul watches, involved in the shadows.
>>
No. 857984 ID: 13fded

Guess you got a fan. He already saw you using your powers so there is no point trying to hide. Don't approach him until you are done with the monster, after that say "hello".
>>
No. 857987 ID: 91ee5f

>>857980
Don't stop! Don't stop! I'm pretty sure you've almost finished it off!

Now grab that big metal filing cabinet and slam it down as hard as you can on the monster's head!
>>
No. 857997 ID: 830fb7

>>857980
there are veins on the back of its head slice them open with the glass blades and shove the GLASS DRAWER OF DOOM in its mouth and explode it into shrapnel for maximum damage.
>>
No. 858007 ID: 3ce125

Yeah attack those bulging veins.
>>
No. 858076 ID: 6cc25a

Finish it off and then greet the observer.
>>
No. 858159 ID: c914a9
File 151584661488.gif - (43.05KB , 800x580 , spill.gif )
858159

>>857997
>there are veins on the back of its head
>slice them open with the glass blades
Kip viciously aims the knives and the remaining pieces of glass from the window at the bulging veins spilling the creature’s blood all over the room. It’s disturbing to watch, but Kip can take it. There’s only one more thing to do.
>>
No. 858160 ID: c914a9
File 151584664976.png - (14.47KB , 800x580 , yikes.png )
858160

>>857987
>Now grab that big metal filing cabinet and slam it down as hard as you can on the monster's head!
Kip smashes the filing cabinet over the creature’s head at his full strenght.

Blood splatters on the floor. No more growling. The beast is dead.
>>
No. 858161 ID: c914a9
File 151584668401.png - (12.94KB , 800x580 , done.png )
858161

Kip takes a deep breath. HE’S EXHAUSTED. This fight took so much from him. His left arm still hurts like hell and feels really weird, a headache is bothering him too, even his sensitive kitty feets are hurting. The boy just wants to lay down and take a breath now. But he can’t, not until he’s found a safer place to do so. And it seems his magic energy has gone down by a lot. His Will Points too.

>>858076
>Finish it off and then greet the observer.
Observer? What? Where...?
>>
No. 858162 ID: c914a9
File 151584671798.gif - (17.37KB , 800x580 , hiya.gif )
858162

>>857984
>Guess you got a fan. He already saw you using your powers so there is no point trying to hide. Don't approach him until you are done with the monster, after that say "hello".
Kip gasps when he spots the boy. You’re right. There’s nothing to hide now.

:kipicon: < H-Hello? A-Are you okay there?
:wooficon: < You... Are you an angel?
:kipblush: < Uh... Nope, I... Really don’t think so.
:wooficon: < Y-Yes!
:woofsmile: < I prayed to the angels for salvation. And you’re here now.
:kipblush: < I’m... not sure if I can really be called an angel...
:kipuncomfy: < Specially after doing what I’ve just done in this very room.
:wooficon: < You are... an angel...! I cannot believe my eyes!
:kipuncomfy: < I-I’m not a freaking angel, dude!
:woofsurprised: < How do you do the floaty thingy then?
:kipconfused: < What?
:woofsurprised: < The floaty thing! With the glass and stuff!
:kipblush: < Oh, it’s just... eh... magic.
:wooficon: < OH MY GOSH! So you’re a wizard?!
:kipicon: < ... Kind of? Not really. A MINDMAGE, specifically.
:woofsmile: < Oh my gosh! That’s just so coool!
:kipblush: < ... Thanks, I guess?
:woofsurprised: < Do I get to ask you stuff? Like three wishes?
:wooficon: < ‘Cause if so I want lots of candy and-
:kipuncomfy: < NO! You don’t get to ask me stuff. Calm down!
:woofsurprised: < S-Sorry, my angel!
:kipicon: < Uh, it’s okay, so anyways... You aren’t hurt, right? Can you come here?
:woofdizzy: < My angel... I’m so dizzy...
:kipconfused: < What? Are you okay? How do you feel?
:woofdizzy: < E-Everything feels like it’s spinning...!My angel, please... Can you make it stop? I-I can’t take it....
:kipconfused: < What? I can try, but... Stop what, exactly?
:woofdizzy: < My angel... Everything is... I-I think I’m gonna...
>>
No. 858163 ID: 6cc25a

Why did you tell him about magic? No one is supposed to know.

Can you find out what's wrong with him? Is he tired? Or is there something in the air? Does the creature's blood evaporate into a poison or something? Try taking him into another room.
>>
No. 858164 ID: ba7ee4

>>858162
He may be about to vomit. Make sure it's not on you.
He may be about to pass out. Tell him to sit or lie down to make sure he doesn't injure himself by falling.
>>
No. 858165 ID: 4cf31e

Switch back to regular cat form when he's not looking. If someone ever catches you on your combat form again, tell them you're using an experimental combat exoskeleton made to kill these monsters, and for the telekinesis, give them the good old "nanomachines, son" excuse. If anyone asks, tell them you're from a random secert agency sent here to exterminate those monsters. Or just deny everything.
Help the boy calm down, take him to another room.
>>
No. 858173 ID: 91ee5f

>>858161
>Kip takes a deep breath. HE’S EXHAUSTED. This fight took so much from him.
You might want to change back to your previous form. I don't think you need to be in your Combat Form anymore.

>The boy just wants to lay down and take a breath now. But he can’t, not until he’s found a safer place to do so.
Try going back to the locker room. That place seemed safe.

>>858162
He might be feeling queasy from looking at the blood in the room. Make sure you approach him from the side so that if he does vomit, he won't vomit on you!

>Angel
>Wizard
You should probably explain things to him. I mean, don't tell him everything, just explain enough to him that he understands you're not an angel or a wizard, but make sure you don't tell him things that you want to keep secret.
>>
No. 858187 ID: 13fded

He can keep calling you angel if he want to. You like it, don't you?

How old is this kid anyway? I didn't expect to find such a childish passion in a research facility.
This guy was locked in a dark room with a monster. How long did they stay there? What did the creature do to him?
Pull him to somewhere bright and examen him asking questions pertinent to his condition and his recent experience. It's not outside the real of possibilities that the monster infected him with something.
>>
No. 858206 ID: 1e0b06

Somethings not right here, how come the kid was stuck in a dark room with that thing and it didn't attack him? What the hell is a kid doing here anyway? Be on guard.
And if I'm wrong congratulations on mentally scaring a small child.

Anyway now that the fights over I repeat: Why do you think another Therran would be here, running this place? You think maybe he's trying to help the Terrans defend themselves against alien invasions or abductions? Maybe he cares about this planet as much as you do.
>>
No. 858370 ID: c914a9
File 151594546572.gif - (105.74KB , 800x580 , switching.gif )
858370

>>858163
>Why did you tell him about magic? No one is supposed to know.
The boy has literally just witnessed Kip lift up a heavy filing cabinet using only his mind and smash it over the head of terrifying alien creature spilling blood all over the room. It... wouldn’t be fair if Kip didn’t give an explanation. And plus, Kip kind of didn’t have much time to come up with a decent excuse. He apologizes to you bashfully a little embarrassed.
It wasn’t a choice. The boy has already seen too much anyways. He needs to be aware of what kind of things are going on in this place if he wants to get out alive with Kip and all the fluffy rabbits that could be trapped there.

>>858173
>You might want to change back to your previous form. I don't think you need to be in your Combat Form anymore.
Yes, you’re right, he should. But doing it in front of the boy wouldn’t be very... No, whatever, he has seen enough anyways. Kip quickly returns to his small cat form. The boy stares in awe and wags his tail excitedly after seeing it.

>>858165
>Switch back to regular cat form when he's not looking. If someone ever catches you on your combat form again, tell them you're using an experimental combat exoskeleton made to kill these monsters, and for the telekinesis, give them the good old "nanomachines, son" excuse. If anyone asks, tell them you're from a random secert agency sent here to exterminate those monsters. Or just deny everything.
That’s an insanely good excuse! Kip contemplates using it. He can’t be sure it’s gonna work with this boy, but maybe if he finds someone else he’ll for sure throw this excuse at them!
>Help the boy calm down, take him to another room.
Yes, will do!

>>858187
>How old is this kid anyway? I didn't expect to find such a childish passion in a research facility.
Kip shrugs. The wolf looks fairly young. He didn’t expect it either.
>This guy was locked in a dark room with a monster. How long did they stay there? What did the creature do to him?
When you put it that way... That does sound ridiculously suspicious. Kip wants to ask a few more question, but the boy doesn’t seem to be feeling well enough for them, not now at least.
>Pull him to somewhere bright and examen him asking questions pertinent to his condition and his recent experience. It's not outside the real of possibilities that the monster infected him with something.
Kip nods. He’ll make sure to do all that.

:woofwoah: < Woah! You really are a wizard, oh my gosh!

:kipssad: < Okay, just... Speak a little lower, please.

:wooficon: < Yes, my angel! I mean, wizard! Ack, sorry, I’m confusing myself!

:kipsblush: < Look, I’m not exactly a wizard! I-It’s all just...

:woofaham: < Pfft! Don’t even try! You can’t fool me! I know you’re a wizard!

:woofsmile: < Don’t worry, I’m not gonna tell anyone, my angel!

:kipsconfused: < If you think I’m a wizard then why the hell do you keep calling me an angel?

:woofsurprised: < I... don’t know. Sorry about that, my-

:kipssad: < OKAY, ANYWAYS, I have A LOT of questions for you now, mister.

:woofaham: < Fine! Ask away then!

:kipsicon: < I’ll start with simple questions. Who’re you? Why are you here?

:woofdizzy: < I-I don’t know... My mind feels so hazy....

:woofsad: < And I’m not sure how long I’ve been here either. I just remember waking up someday. Maybe it was today? Or it could’ve been last week. But something tells me I’ve been here for longer than that.

:kipsconfused: < That’s... weird. Is anyone else here? Do you remember seeing anyone?

:woofsurprised: < Yes, of course!

:kipsicon: < Really?! Who? What were they like? Did they have pendants too?

:woofaham: < No, none of them have pendants, my angel. And they’re here with us right now! Can’t you see?

:kipsconfused: < They’re what?! Where? I-I don’t see any-

:wooficon: < I’m talking about my imaginary friends. That’s okay, most people can’t see them. But I thought you’d be able to because you’re a wizard and stuff!

:kipssad: < Ugh, these don’t count!

:woofdizzy: < Woof! Sorry about that!

:kipsicon: < It’s fine. Are you okay? You said you were dizzy!

:woofsick: < I am. Everything feels weird. It’s all spinning, you, the walls, and...

:kipssad: < It’s fine, don’t worry. Just try to relax now. We need to go somewhere safer.
>>
No. 858371 ID: c914a9
File 151594553760.gif - (111.13KB , 800x580 , puke.gif )
858371

>>858206
>Why do you think another Therran would be here, running this place? You think maybe he's trying to help the Terrans defend themselves against alien invasions or abductions? Maybe he cares about this planet as much as you do.
If Dr. Storgekal’s report is really correct, the Therrans brought the creature here in the first place. On accident, but they did. Before that, there would be no point in coming here; as mentioned, You could be right, though! Kip kind of has a bad feeling about this nonetheless.

>>858173
>Try going back to the locker room. That place seemed safe.
The locker room IS by far the safest place he has seen so far. Kip thinks it’d be a great idea to go there just for now. But then again, the overcharged pendant is in there, and there’s the weird sound coming from the door in the previous room too. On the bright side, he can lock the door whenever he wants to! But again, if it’s a locker room, he assumes a big part of the staff has access to it.
Kip is having some trouble to decide whether or not he should go to the locker room. He thinks he’ll need to think this over a little bit more. But then again, does he even have time to think right now?
All of this gives poor sweet Kip a headache. The boy doesn’t seem to be feeling a lot better at all.
>He might be feeling queasy from looking at the blood in the room. Make sure you approach him from the side so that if he does vomit, he won't vomit on you!
You’re right! That could be it. All that blood is really unnerving.
Kip approaches the boy carefully and holds him gently. He looks really- Oh shit.

>>858164
>He may be about to vomit. Make sure it's not on you.
Kip nods and does so. Just in time.

The wolf throws up violently all over the floor, and the color of the vomit is rather startling. A deep black color, the darkest thing Kip has seen so far. And painfully similar to the goop-y substance that leaked out from the monster’s wounds.

Kip also felt something weird on the boy’s back when holding him.
>>
No. 858372 ID: 33cbe7

he's a parasite's puppet! Rip and tear.
>>
No. 858375 ID: 91ee5f

>>858371
>Kip also felt something weird on the boy’s back when holding him.
Tell him you think there's something on his back and then tell him to lift up his shirt so you can look at it.
>>
No. 858380 ID: 6cc25a

Suck the poison out of the wound on his back.
>>
No. 858385 ID: 4cf31e

Look at his back ASAP!
Could this little guy be handsome wolf's son? COMPARE him to the PHOTOS.
>>
No. 858401 ID: 3ce125

>>858371
Lift up his shirt to see what's there.
>>
No. 858494 ID: 830fb7

We need to check him now just in case and we may be able to use our powers to save him.
>>
No. 858600 ID: e33878

Yes I agree with everyone else, take the small child to a safe and secluded area and then take his shirt off.

I really didn't think it was going to be this kind of a quest.
>>
No. 858707 ID: 90124d

Also. One last thing. Check to see if he has a Heart Beat. According to the notes, subjects #3 and #4 don't have them. There's a chance this poor being is the other subject, which could explain both of them being locked in the same cage... and the non annihilation of that him starts opening up too many questions...
>>
No. 858708 ID: 90124d

Don't worry about taking him anywhere right now. Help him to get better first, than worry about moving him unless your pretty sure an enemy is coming. If thats the case, run.

Otherwise, I recommend to follow these steps:
0. Stop correcting him when he says different things or incorrect things. Waste of time. Medical emergency here.
1. First thing do to, ask him for permission to roll up his back if he can respond and say you felt something strange on the exact location it is on their back. If they know what it is than they'll just tell you and you save time, and this helps get rid of weirdness factors if you check.
2. 2nd thing is dizziness. Check his eyes for irregular pupil sizes, if you find those than he is definitely poisoned (Nausea, Vomiting, Headaches, and irregular pupil sizes) Might have a migraine. There's a chance its a problem in the inner ear where balance is regulated.
3. Memory. He remembers things and doesn't remember other things. He remembers that he prayed to Angels and has memories of being told that Angels exist (whether that is true in this universe doesn't matter right now) This could be passed off as just can't think straight in pain and dizziness, but next we're told that his mind feels hazy, but he remembers "waking up here" aka he came into existence here or much more likely was mind wiped of his memories of everything but unimportant information, like angels and wizards. I say this because it sounds like your race is the kind that assumes such things are useless and inferior. He's been here for longer according to his gut feeling, which is probably correct. I doubt that information about angels and wizards he learned in here, so it probably came from outside of here, so he got kidnapped by someone in your race (a human wouldn't do it on their own without orders and a monster would eat them). This means there's may be multiple of your kind here, since I doubt the royal healer could pull off a mind wiping trick or keep doing it. Also, this whole thing'd collapse if that royal healer was the only one here already.

The real question here that we don't know about is why he was left in there with that monster unrestrained (escaped by himself). My theory is that monster might of been a mind mage also. When you probed the monster, you got very little to nothing, this may be mental walls of some sort, indicating an experienced mind mage perhaps.

My second question is what other monsters have they have here. I think there's a far chance that humanoid either managed to ambush the Therran and got super lucky, or more likely that earthling got modified into something much stronger physically but not really magical. Really, this whole line of dialogue gave me another question. Where is that Therran's location?

I'd recommend after finishing up basic first aid to get back to the locker.

Also, are there cameras here? Most agencies that are really important have insane amounts of them, one, two, three per room. Also, hidden/super small cameras exist.
>>
No. 858711 ID: 90124d

One last question, what would happen to your form if you lost your pendant. Would you change into your true form or stay as your current form or something else?
>>
No. 858725 ID: 35089a

so this is why you wont talk about "snuggles" youll get space chris hansened
>>
No. 858941 ID: c914a9
File 151615991225.gif - (27.03KB , 800x580 , wound.gif )
858941

>>858385
>Could this little guy be handsome wolf's son? COMPARE him to the PHOTOS.
No, he DOESN’T look like the handsome wolf’s son. Nice guess though.

>>858375
>Tell him you think there's something on his back and then tell him to lift up his shirt so you can look at it.
Kip asks politely if he can check the kid’s back. The wolf allows him to.

Kip gasps and gulps loudly. He backs off quickly, his hands shaking slightly.
The wolf’s back is crossed by three large bleeding cuts, and a few other cuts in a smaller size around it. A big part of the fur has been ripped it off, and... there’s something, under the skin. It’s pulsing. But it’s not his heart.

:kipsconfused: < A-Are you sure you’re okay...?

:woofsick: Yeah, just a little dizzy...

:kipsicon: < My name is Kip by the way! We kinda skipped introductions.

:woofsmile: < Yeah, sorry about that! I... don’t know my name.

:wooficon: < But you can call me Woof if you want! I like that name.
>>
No. 858943 ID: c914a9
File 151615996422.gif - (24.88KB , 800x580 , uncomfy.gif )
858943

>>858600
>Yes I agree with everyone else, take the small child to a safe and secluded area and then take his shirt off.
>>858725
>so this is why you wont talk about "snuggles" youll get space chris hansened

WHY is everyone making innuendos about Kip and this child? All he did was say he felt something under the wolf’s shirt. IT’S A WOUND, AN OPEN. BLEEDING. ALIEN WOUND. You guys started distorting in the dirtiest way.
Kip has absolutely NO INTEREST in what you’re all thinking of, and finds it really downright disgusting to think about. Not to mention that Kip is BARELY over what could be considered a teenager in earthling years, which is, to say, way below a mating age for a Therran. The Therran education system is very short compared to the earthling one; Kip is a young rookie. Why in the hell else would Kip be this innocent and small in size? He’s too tiny EVEN for a Keothera. And, remarkably, he has NO SEXUAL DESIRE WHATSOEVER, specially towards earthlings. His obsession for lagomorphs is merely a cuddly, warm thing, NOT a sexual thing.

The only attraction Kip can feel is ROMANTIC.

Kip has a LOT of obsessions, ranging from fluffy fur to earthling foot paws, and all of them fall under the non-sexual label for Kip. Not to mention that engaging in any kind of intercourse would make Kip EXTREMELY nervous, regardless of the species. Kip is still a virgin. All of this makes poor, sweet, innocent Kip extremely uncomfortable in many levels.

Kip sulks. Poor innocent Kip isn’t the best at getting jokes and baits. Sadly. His WILL TO FIGHT and FAITH IN THE VOICES have decreased greatly.
>>
No. 858946 ID: c914a9
File 151616005872.gif - (270.40KB , 800x580 , YAYY.gif )
858946

>>858708
>Don't worry about taking him anywhere right now. Help him to get better first, than worry about moving him unless your pretty sure an enemy is coming. If thats the case, run.
>Otherwise, I recommend to follow these steps:
>0. Stop correcting him when he says different things or incorrect things. Waste of time. Medical emergency here.
>1. First thing do to, ask him for permission to roll up his back if he can respond and say you felt something strange on the exact location it is on their back. If they know what it is than they'll just tell you and you save time, and this helps get rid of weirdness factors if you check.
>2. 2nd thing is dizziness. Check his eyes for irregular pupil sizes, if you find those than he is definitely poisoned (Nausea, Vomiting, Headaches, and irregular pupil sizes) Might have a migraine. There's a chance its a problem in the inner ear where balance is regulated.
>3. Memory. He remembers things and doesn't remember other things. He remembers that he prayed to Angels and has memories of being told that Angels exist (whether that is true in this universe doesn't matter right now) This could be passed off as just can't think straight in pain and dizziness, but next we're told that his mind feels hazy, but he remembers "waking up here" aka he came into existence here or much more likely was mind wiped of his memories of everything but unimportant information, like angels and wizards. I say this because it sounds like your race is the kind that assumes such things are useless and inferior. He's been here for longer according to his gut feeling, which is probably correct. I doubt that information about angels and wizards he learned in here, so it probably came from outside of here, so he got kidnapped by someone in your race (a human wouldn't do it on their own without orders and a monster would eat them). This means there's may be multiple of your kind here, since I doubt the royal healer could pull off a mind wiping trick or keep doing it. Also, this whole thing'd collapse if that royal healer was the only one here already.
KIP’S JAW DROPS as he’s gifted with TRUE KNOWLEDGE by the WISEST of voices. He claps excitedly and thanks you repeatedly. This Keothera shall follow your guide thoroughly and PROMISES to do his BEST!
0. Yes, you’re right. Kip apologizes bashfully for losing focus a bit there.
1. The wolf is seemingly oblivious of the wound.
2. Kip nods and checks the wolf’s pupils. They’re... oddly irregular. Yes, the wolf has all the symptoms you described. Woof stares at Kip curiously, as if wanting to know why his expression changed. Kip doesn’t know how to tell him yet. He’s just a child.
3. PERFECT! This is EXACTLY what Kip has been trying to get into all this time! No earthling would ever have done such a thing. And while royal healers are very powerful, they CERTAINLY CANNOT pull of a mind wiping spell. Kip glances at the wolf for a second; he does look pretty tormented, and often he seems to be startled by anything around him; he’s in a lot of distress, which is a common side effect of a mind wiping spell. You’re completely right! And if a mind spell is what caused it, that means...
>The real question here that we don't know about is why he was left in there with that monster unrestrained (escaped by himself). My theory is that monster might of been a mind mage also. When you probed the monster, you got very little to nothing, this may be mental walls of some sort, indicating an experienced mind mage perhaps.
Kip doubts the creature could have any kind of mind powers at all. Instead, what he felt when trying to confuse the monster’s mind was... A blocking spell. It’s like if someone was trying to protect it. But Kip can’t figure out why anyone would do such a thing. These creatures certainly cannot be just minions, what in the world could even have control over such a creature?
>Also, are there cameras here? Most agencies that are really important have insane amounts of them, one, two, three per room. Also, hidden/super small cameras exist.
Don’t worry, Kip took care of that when he first broke in. He has casted a special spell on himself. Any cameras in his magic range will be reduced to static. It’s a temporary spell, however, so he’d better hurry.

>>858707
>Check to see if he has a Heart Beat. According to the notes, subjects #3 and #4 don't have them. There's a chance this poor being is the other subject, which could explain both of them being locked in the same cage... and the non annihilation of that him starts opening up too many questions...
AMAZING observation! Kip carefully checks the wolf’s heartbeat.
He... can’t hear anything. Except for a weak, pulsing sound, coming from... That really gruesome wound. Or whatever is under it.

>>858711
>One last question, what would happen to your form if you lost your pendant. Would you change into your true form or stay as your current form or something else?
Kip frowns slightly. Losing his pendant would make him very weak. If he still had a bit of MAGIC ENERGY in him, he’d be able to keep his cat form, but wouldn’t be able to use any spells, EVEN his TELEKINESIS while he does so. Chances are that yes, he COULD end up stuck in this cat form. However, dying would for sure turn him back to his Keothera form.
>>
No. 858948 ID: c914a9
File 151616019213.gif - (173.37KB , 800x580 , runn.gif )
858948

>>858708
>I'd recommend after finishing up basic first aid to get back to the locker.
Kip nods, and he wasn’t worried about hurrying up, until he heard a noise coming from the elevator. Someone else is here. The green light glowed pretty bright as the noises got louder.

Kip didn’t have a lot of time to even think. He grabs Woof and gets the fuck outta there.

Kip’s now in the LOCKER ROOM. The room looks the same as it did before. He closes the door and takes a deep breath.
>>
No. 858973 ID: 13fded

The three main cuts look like a claw mark. How deep are they? Do any of those cuts reach Wolf's spine?
The two wounds on top are a little weird. Are they superficial cuts or deep incisions? I would expect those to be intentionally made to insert something inside Wolf's thorax, maybe even inside his lungs. Were those holes made through his scapula?
The black goo that is oozing seem to come from his blood. If that is the case I would expect his entire body to be contaminated, you can test that by making a small cut to see if there are traces of the black goo. That is a terrible predicament, to remove it you would need to filtrate all of his blood. Also the monster you killed bled both red blood and black goo, too similar to be a coincidence.
Is the pulsating thing just under the skin or deeper? If it's deeper, how can you see? Does it emanate light?

If the creature can contaminate people with it's claws, why didn't it scratched you? When it got the chance all it did was press you arm against broken glass instead of digging it's claw in your flesh condemning you to the same illness this kid is suffering. Why would it act like that?

Judging by the wound I think this kid is doom. You are not a doctor so don't even try to mess with the interior of his thorax. The only hope is finding a researcher around who already developed a treatment. If you want any chance in preventing the predictable fate to develop in front of your eyes better hurry up and get to know the staff.

Tell Wolf to wait and go see who came out of the elevator. Make him promise that, if we meet someone else, he won't tell them about your powers or that you defeated the monster.
Unless this person was capable of watching you from far away at most they would hear the noises. Since it makes no sense for the side window to access that room through another floor I'm confidant this person wouldn't know about what happened beyond what they can see. ...unless it's someone with telepathic connection with you, the kid or the monster. Silly hypothesis aside, if it's someone you can talk with you can basic lie to their face, so don't spill out that you were responsible for the show of brutality spread across the room.
Again, we are hoping to meet someone who can help us understand what is going on but approach with caution. Improvise shield in front of your face, loose objects that can be used as darts in your pockets.
>>
No. 859079 ID: 35089a

wel looks like were gonna hafta off the kid no pedo for you
>>
No. 859196 ID: d7deb5

Can you pull the goo off the kid with telekinesis? If so, try pulling the pulsating thing as well, and trick his mind into not feeling pain. As for his non-beating heart, try squeezing it repeatedly with telekinesis to make it beat again, but ONLY IF YOU REALLY BELIEVE YOU CAN DO IT.
>>
No. 859563 ID: 90124d

Hmmm...
Your spell for disabling the cameras may become a problem if someone notices the pattern between your location and the camera that is currently under static. It could be a way to track you through different rooms because the camera would be static. At the very worst right now assuming someone is manning the cameras they'd probably call for security where the camera is static. Assuming they're competent enough to always treat camera malfunctions as full scale security breaches instead of just sending a technician in with a few guards or on their own.

Those wounds look unnatural too, If I recall correctly those slashes should hit bone, yet he's obviously doesn't have broken bone (He'd noticed, a large amount of pain if you try to move those things, especially rapidly)

Unfortunately, curing poison would probably mean chemicals and analysis that would be impossible right now assuming there isn't a way to get around it with magic.

Oh, very important information. Taking in account the relative distance of the black blood that went down is moving compared to speed you saw it for as long, that wound was caused recently. This probably isn't true, check his shirt for bloodstains.

Otherwise, you can try bandaging it, but that wound is so big. The dizziness is probably caused by blood loss. Symptoms for RAPID blood loss include low blood pressure and dizziness, therefore he is rapidly bleeding. So, of course, you must rapidly bandage him first, It might get dire enough that you may need to use magic.

Get out your map, highlight the elevator and your current room and the place you just dashed from. Time for defensive positions.

Assume you got 30 seconds worst case scenario and 30 more seconds due to investigation of that dead monster people will probably stop for and/or cautious movement to try and find you and you spent maybe half of it bandaging. The door opens inwards, so you could potentially try blocking opening of the door with stuff. If you hear rapid movement, keep working. If you hear slow careful stealthy quiet footsteps, you should probably stop doing this. Once your finished start inspecting him for more injuries.

For the beating thing? I have no idea. Its probably magical though, technical stuff generally don't include unnecessary light and beating, especially if its internal to save on battery life. Its likely, however, that there is a tracking device inside that thing, or multiple depending on levels of paranoia here (possibly even outside of that device).

I have no idea if you could jam it with magic, but if you could and it does exist, do it.
>>
No. 859569 ID: 90124d

>>858973

Sending the kid out is a decent idea, except you forget that we just confirmed this is a test subject and would probably be more likely to be targeted than us.

And for the kid being doomed? He is poisoned and possibly rapidly loosing blood out of his back. Getting rid of the poison is first priority, bandaging second actually, disregard what I said earlier. While its true he is losing blood rapidly, try to get out the poison if you think you can do so under 1 minute using magic. Otherwise just bandage, its too risky.

Its possible whoever is in the elevator is non-hostile or hostile, either one. A few clues though, the current time might clue us in whether or not employees are currently entering work, which is good and bad, good because that doctor could help us, bad because of the high chance they hire people who just do this stuff for money or have to do it for money. This is unlikely though, since a Thorran lost his pendant due to something...

Really, that lost Pendant really kind of creeps me out on what exactly could be lurking in the shadows.

Whatever it is, stay focused and do your best, and don't be afraid to start using magic liberally now to help him. He would probably be doomed if your some normal earthling (excluding medical professional and large amounts of luck).

But your a Keothera.
>>
No. 859571 ID: c914a9
File 151633836778.gif - (17.65KB , 800x580 , claw.gif )
859571

Kip takes a long and deep sigh.

The fluffy alien feline pulls himself together slowly, listening to the voices.

>>859196
>Can you pull the goo off the kid with telekinesis? If so, try pulling the pulsating thing as well, and trick his mind into not feeling pain. As for his non-beating heart, try squeezing it repeatedly with telekinesis to make it beat again, but ONLY IF YOU REALLY BELIEVE YOU CAN DO IT.
That would be a freaky thing to do.
The black goo seems to be FLOWING ALONG with the wolf’s BLOOD. Pulling out is KINDA IMPOSSIBLE. Yet the substances still surprisingly DON’T MIX.
Pulling off the only pulsating thing in his body doesn’t feel like a good idea either.
Kip is CLUMSY with his telekinesis too, as much as he doesn’t wanna admit that. He would rather NOT risk using it on the kid’s HEART.
Chances are he could end up pulling it outta the wolf’s chest.

>>858973
>The three main cuts look like a claw mark. How deep are they? Do any of those cuts reach Wolf's spine?
The cuts look VERY deep. Kip isn’t sure HOW DEEP they’re exactly though. He doesn’t wanna touch them, not only because it’d be weird for Woof, but because he isn’t sure what kinda things could happen.
>The two wounds on top are a little weird. Are they superficial cuts or deep incisions? I would expect those to be intentionally made to insert something inside Wolf's thorax, maybe even inside his lungs. Were those holes made through his scapula?
Yes, the smaller cuts above the bigger ones are also really deep, and they pass through the scapula. They do seem like they were made to insert something into the wolf’s thorax. Kip has no clue what.
>The black goo that is oozing seem to come from his blood. If that is the case I would expect his entire body to be contaminated, you can test that by making a small cut to see if there are traces of the black goo. That is a terrible predicament, to remove it you would need to filtrate all of his blood. Also the monster you killed bled both red blood and black goo, too similar to be a coincidence.
>Is the pulsating thing just under the skin or deeper? If it's deeper, how can you see? Does it emanate light?
The thing pulsating is very deep under the wolf’s skin. It’s covered in muscle and disgusting to look at, and it doesn’t emanate any light whatsoever. And yes, what leaks out from the wolf’s wounds is very similar to the monster’s.
If the creature can contaminate people with it's claws, why didn't it scratched you? When it got the chance all it did was press you arm against broken glass instead of digging it's claw in your flesh condemning you to the same illness this kid is suffering. Why would it act like that?
Good hypothesis, but Kip doesn’t think the contamination happened through the claws. Kip guesses the deep cuts were made before contamination. Something was inserted through them.
>Judging by the wound I think this kid is doom. You are not a doctor so don't even try to mess with the interior of his thorax. The only hope is finding a researcher around who already developed a treatment. If you want any chance in preventing the predictable fate to develop in front of your eyes better hurry up and get to know the staff.
Kip frowns. You’re right. The kid’s condition is critical, and Kip has no knowledge on medicine whatsoever. Woof won’t survive just by hiding here. He knows what he has to do, as much as he didn’t wanna get involved with the staff here.
>>
No. 859592 ID: c914a9
File 151634231844.gif - (16.26KB , 800x580 , maps.gif )
859592

>>859563
>Your spell for disabling the cameras may become a problem if someone notices the pattern between your location and the camera that is currently under static. It could be a way to track you through different rooms because the camera would be static. At the very worst right now assuming someone is manning the cameras they'd probably call for security where the camera is static. Assuming they're competent enough to always treat camera malfunctions as full scale security breaches instead of just sending a technician in with a few guards or on their own.
You’re right, but regardless, it’s STILL less worrying than watching a very bloody showdown between a psychic alien cat and a murderous muscular beast. Kip’s identity is SAFE at the very least. It was a sacrifice he had to take.
>Those wounds look unnatural too, If I recall correctly those slashes should hit bone, yet he's obviously doesn't have broken bone (He'd noticed, a large amount of pain if you try to move those things, especially rapidly)
The wounds look painfully unnatural. Like mentioned before, chances are they have been made to insert something in.
>Unfortunately, curing poison would probably mean chemicals and analysis that would be impossible right now assuming there isn't a way to get around it with magic.
Yes, sadly, there isn’t. Not for Kip at the very least.
>Oh, very important information. Taking in account the relative distance of the black blood that went down is moving compared to speed you saw it for as long, that wound was caused recently. This probably isn't true, check his shirt for bloodstains.
His shirt HAS a lot of stains with shades of red and covered in black goo, and it smells very bloody. Kip noticed the scent from the moment the wolf approached him, but he just assumed it was the monster instead. It’s mildly concerning.
>Otherwise, you can try bandaging it, but that wound is so big. The dizziness is probably caused by blood loss. Symptoms for RAPID blood loss include low blood pressure and dizziness, therefore he is rapidly bleeding. So, of course, you must rapidly bandage him first, It might get dire enough that you may need to use magic.
Kip nods. He’ll do his best to bandage the wolf as soon as he can!
He has still kept some magic cloth he used to bandage his wrist after the beast from the last room attacked him. It should work fine on the wolf too. Though the cloth has very slight healing properties only, not gonna help a lot.
>Get out your map, highlight the elevator and your current room and the place you just dashed from.
PERFECT IDEA! Kip retrieves a PEN from a table in the room and then begins to update his MAP. He makes a few annotations about each area too.
>Time for defensive positions.
>Assume you got 30 seconds worst case scenario and 30 more seconds due to investigation of that dead monster people will probably stop for and/or cautious movement to try and find you and you spent maybe half of it bandaging. The door opens inwards, so you could potentially try blocking opening of the door with stuff. If you hear rapid movement, keep working. If you hear slow careful stealthy quiet footsteps, you should probably stop doing this. Once your finished start inspecting him for more injuries.
Another great idea! Kip nods, and looks for something to block the door. Sadly, he can’t find much on this room except the table. The lockers are kinda stuck to the ground, he can’t move them. He can hold the door with his telekinesis too if you think it’ll work!

>>859569
>Sending the kid out is a decent idea, except you forget that we just confirmed this is a test subject and would probably be more likely to be targeted than us.
Kip does NOT wanna send the kid out. Not only would it be risky for the child, it would also just feel very wrong to him. Plus, there MAY be more beasts around.
He nods, and ensures you he’ll
>And for the kid being doomed? He is poisoned and possibly rapidly loosing blood out of his back. Getting rid of the poison is first priority, bandaging second actually, disregard what I said earlier. While its true he is losing blood rapidly, try to get out the poison if you think you can do so under 1 minute using magic. Otherwise just bandage, its too risky.
Kip frowns. Sadly, no, Kip’s magic is too limited to mind and a few minor spells like light and fire. He can’t do much. I mean, he CAN, but... Casting one of THE MAJOR SPELLS will take too much time, which he lacks now.
>Its possible whoever is in the elevator is non-hostile or hostile, either one. A few clues though, the current time might clue us in whether or not employees are currently entering work, which is good and bad, good because that doctor could help us, bad because of the high chance they hire people who just do this stuff for money or have to do it for money. This is unlikely though, since a Thorran lost his pendant due to something...
The place is NOT very active nowadays, don’t worry. It’s meant to be very much in the process of abandonment, and as mentioned before, the activity here has been pretty small from what Kip has noticed. At least on the outside.
>Really, that lost Pendant really kind of creeps me out on what exactly could be lurking in the shadows.
Kip is ALSO very creeped out about the lost pendant too. He has no idea how a Therran could’ve just lost their pendant like that.
>Whatever it is, stay focused and do your best, and don't be afraid to start using magic liberally now to help him. He would probably be doomed if your some normal earthling (excluding medical professional and large amounts of luck).
>But your a Keothera.
These words fill Kip with LOTS of motivation to keep thriving to help the wolf. It makes him smile very brightly. He’ll put the plan to practice right now, and hopes it’ll all work out!
>>
No. 859593 ID: b5d163

I have a disturbing theory. What if the monster we just killed was another earthling? What if it and Woof were deliberately infected be the scientists here as an experament?
>>
No. 859607 ID: 35089a

your gonna haveta put down the kid
>>
No. 859613 ID: c914a9
File 151634881551.gif - (14.21KB , 800x580 , pure.gif )
859613

Kip bandages the wolf’s wound and gently casts a distraction spell on him. This should keep him calm during whatever may take place in the next hour. Woof is not going to take part in this Hell.

This pure, sweet wolf pup deserves only peace.
>>
No. 859614 ID: c914a9
File 151634888080.gif - (15.50KB , 800x580 , keep.gif )
859614

Kip hears foot steps, coming closer, slowly. Someone is at the door.

A sudden clicking noise echoes through the room.

They’ve just opened the door. And by the other sound that came right after that, they also have a gun. It’s an earthling one, but it can still do some huge damage to Kip’s fragile body. Kip tries his hardest to hold the door in place, but whoever is on the other side is really STRONG.

Kip is carrying the PENS and the few remaining GLASS PIECES from the other room. He’s not sure what to expect. It’s obvious holding the door won’t do much good. The person pushing it isn’t giving up. What should Kip do?
>>
No. 859615 ID: 3ce125

Well, no need to try to kill whoever it is just yet...
Ask who it is. Try to get them to stop pushing on the door and also maybe drop the gun so you can open it without the situation getting any worse.
>>
No. 859616 ID: 830fb7

Talk to them and if they try anything jam their gun so they can’t shoot.
>>
No. 859617 ID: 13fded

Move to the side and stop holding the door instantaneously making this person enter without balance.
>>
No. 859626 ID: dac9b6

Make a mental note not to leave this facility untill you slaughter every single beast. We cant afford to let one escape.
>>
No. 859819 ID: 90124d

He has a gun, and if you can't jam or stop it taking cover is a good idea, but i doubt there is any cover.

When you let go on the handle try to steal their gun with telekinesis and back out of range and point it at him.

If this fails try to either take cover or try to dash at him and fight in melee.
>>
No. 859847 ID: c914a9
File 151645121342.gif - (12.93KB , 800x580 , fall.gif )
859847

>>859617
>Move to the side and stop holding the door instantaneously making this person enter without balance.
Pefect! Kip lets go of the door suddenly. The plan works smoothly.

A fox falls on the floor groaning in surprise. He drops the gun, which fires at the wall, making the incredibly loud sound echo through the room. The fox trembles and sweats nervously at the sight of Kip, whimpering under his breath.

:artiesad: NO! OH, PLEASE NO! I WAS SO CLOSE. WHY ARE YOU HERE?

:kipssad: Wait, calm down!

:artiecry: DON’T COME ANY CLOSER. I’M NOT GONNA SURRENDER! You think you can keep me here? NONE OF YOU CAN. MOVE OUTTA THE WAY.

:kipsfrown: It’s okay! Calm yourself! Who’re you talking about?

:artiecry: THEY KNOW WHAT I DID. I’VE BETRAYED THEM. THEY WON’T LET ME EVER LEAVE NOW. BUT I HAD TO! YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND!

The fox seems to be in a really bad state and very desperate. He tries to reach out for his gun, but Kip pushes it away with his telekinesis. All it seems to do is make the fox even more freaked out though.
>>
No. 859848 ID: c914a9
File 151645131829.gif - (13.85KB , 800x580 , arti.gif )
859848

The fox stands up, moving closer to Kip. He’s crying, very desperate.

:artiecry: PLEASE DON’T KILL ME! I DON’T WANNA DIE!

:kipsnervous: Please, just calm yourself! I’m not going to kill you. Listen I’m just-

:artiesad: NO. I DON’T BELIEVE YOU. YOU’RE ONE OF THEM. AREN’T YOU?

:kipsfrown: No! I-I’m not. Look, I’ll let you go. Don’t worry. I promise!

:artienervous: I-I KNEW IT! YOU- W-Wait, you’ll what?! Let me go...? For real?

:kipsicon: Yeah. I don’t work for them. But I have some questions first!

:kipssad: What do you mean “let me go”? Have they been keeping you captive here? You can talk to me, I promise you I’ll help.

:artiesad: You... How do you not know? I... Please, let me go. I just wanna see it once again. One more time!

:kipsconfused: Uh... See what?

:artienervous: The sun. Please. I really wanna see it.

:kipsfrown: ... Look, I...

Kip frowns staring at the fox with an overwhelming amount of emotions going on inside him right now. The fox stands dangerously close to him now, but he isn’t a lot scared at all. He gently reaches out for the fox, with his hand shaking slightly.

:kipssweet: I promise you’ll be okay. As much as I have no idea what’s going on in here, I promise nothing bad will happen to you. Now calm down. You’ll see the sun so many times in the future, I promise you will.

:artienervous: ... I...

:artieblush: Thank you. Very much. Oh my gosh, I’m literally going to cry!

:kipssmile: Shh! It’s okay! Tell me, what’s your name?

:artienervous: I’m Artie! That’s one of the many things they call me, at least. And I like it!

:kipsicon: Cool name! I’m Kip. Nice to meet you!

:artieblush: Not a very nice environment for any meeting, but nice to meet you too!

:kipsblush: Yeah...

:artiesad: .. Can I... Get the gun back now? Just for safety.

:kipsnervous: I... don’t know. Look, I-

:artiecry: What? Do you not trust me? I’ve told you my name! C’mon!

:kipsfrown: ... Yeah, but, like... I-I just don’t know if...

:artieblush: Sigh. Fine. Can you just give me a hug then? I need one. Pretty please?

:kipssweet: I... Yes, sure. C’mere!

Kip can’t deny the hug to the poor fox. The fox clings onto him squeezing him in a really tight hug, and Kip blushes brightly, with his face buried in the fox’s warm and sweaty fur. He’s a little uncomfy, but returns the hug anyways.

The fox pulls Kip into a sudden tight hug. Kip squeaks and flinches at the fox’s sweaty fur, but just giggles in response. His warmth is comforting.
>>
No. 859853 ID: 830fb7

>>859847
why didn't the gun get flung across the room? Equal and opposite reaction dictates that when the bullet is fired the gun will receive the same amount of force and launch it in the other direction.
>>859848
Why do I feel like the hug is a trap and they are going to inject you with something?
>>
No. 859860 ID: 13fded

When you are done with... whatever this is... ask him what he knows about the monster he no doubt saw on his way and the infection it causes. The conspiracy would be a bigger concern if Wolf wasn't basic a terminal cancer patient. You need to know if there is a treatment.
If you got him calm enough get him to explain who are they, what they do, what was done to Artie and what have he donne. Lastly you need to find out if Artie is infected like Wolf. No point leaving if he will suffer a horrible death and kill people around him.
>>
No. 859861 ID: 13fded

>>859853
Maybe the hug is just an excuse to take Kip pedant.
>>
No. 859894 ID: 3ce125

>>859853
Bullet recoil isn't that strong and guns are heavy.
>>
No. 859969 ID: f13ebf

Make sure Artie isn't contamined by the black goo. His wish to see the sun might be caused by it, luring him out of the facility only to spread it to other people outside.
>>
No. 860041 ID: 90124d

0: Check to see if he's trying to make a grab for your Pendant. Its possible this is the dude or a part of the dudes that took out that Royal Medical Therran. Do not assume an Earthling can't do this or anything like that, This is even more likely considering how he assumed you were a part of them, despite looking like a earthling.

1: Ask if he is the Rhyieas Storgehal. That dude that wrote the medical report.

2: Ask them what they're looking for. If its the Pendant don't give it to them.

3: If his answers satisfy you give him back the gun.
>>
No. 860886 ID: c914a9
File 151670759199.gif - (14.43KB , 800x580 , hug.gif )
860886

Kip squirms a little in the hug. The fox is significantly taller than him, and the tight hug leaves him powerless. He’s a little nervous.

Artie is seemingly comfortable like this though, so Kip decides to ask him some QUESTIONS.

:kipssad: Hey! S-So, um... Are you hurt or anything?

:artienervous: No. I’m just fine. They couldn’t touch me.

:kipssmile: ... Glad to hear! Yes. Keep it that way!

:artiebored: I’ll try my best to. Would have more chances with the gun though.

:kipsnervous: I-I’ll give it back, don’t worry, just... Later.

>>859853
>Why do I feel like the hug is a trap and they are going to inject you with something?
It... DOES feel suspicious, but the fox isn’t holding anything, gladly. Kip would’ve noticed a needle, even one of the really small Therran ones.

>>859861
>Maybe the hug is just an excuse to take Kip pedant.
Kip really hopes it isn’t. The thought makes him feel very uneasy.
Don’t worry, Kip’s pendant isn’t THAT easy to take off though. It’s sealed with the strongest sealing spell Kip knows. While it’s NOT indestructible, it takes strength to break it, which... This fox MAY have. But it won’t be all that easy anyways!

>>859860
>When you are done with... whatever this is... ask him what he knows about the monster he no doubt saw on his way and the infection it causes. The conspiracy would be a bigger concern if Wolf wasn't basic a terminal cancer patient. You need to know if there is a treatment.
:kipsnervous: Have you, ehm... Seen the monster outside? Like, you know, the... thing.
:artiesad: ...

Kip asks him about the monster, but Arti remains oddly silent.

The fox gives Kip a very startled look when hearing about the infection. Sadly, he just shrugs and remains quiet about that one too, speaking after a while.

:artienervous: I don’t know what to do about that, I’m sorry.

>If you got him calm enough get him to explain who are they, what they do, what was done to Artie and what have he donne. Lastly you need to find out if Artie is infected like Wolf. No point leaving if he will suffer a horrible death and kill people around him.
Kip asks Artie about the goo, but he ensures he wasn’t infected. The fox hasn’t any noticeable wounds that are similar to the wolf’s. Artie glares at Kip when he asks about what happened, and he starts speaking in a low voice.

:artiebored: I don’t remember anything, but I know exactly what happened to me.

:artieangry: They brought me here, I know they did. I don’t remember anything from my past at all, but I know they were the ones who brought me here.

:artieteeth: Not a single one. I don’t know anyone. Why’d they do it? This is so... cruel.

:artienervous: Please, let me go. All I want is to see the sun. Whatever I’ve done here is not going to matter once I’m finally free.

The hug starts to get a LITTLE TOO TIGHT, even more than before.

>>860041
>1: Ask if he is the Rhyieas Storgehal. That dude that wrote the medical report.
Kip doesn’t think so, but he decides to obey the voice and ask.

:artieangry: How do you know about Rhyieas? You told me you didn’t work here!

:kipsnervous: N-No, I don’t! When I got here I found a report on the table. It had his name on it. Uh... Are you him?

:artiebored: Do I look like a fucking doctor to you?

:kipsblush: Ehm... I dunno. Maybe?

:artieangry: No. I’m NOT the doctor. But I do know exactly who he’s.

Kip asks more about the Dr. Rhyieas Storgekal. The reaction isn’t good.

:kipssad: Can you... tell me... a little more about him?

:artiebored: ... Dr. Rhyieas is not a bad person. But he’s made choices. Awful ones.

:kipsconfused: What do you mean...?

:artiesad: Nothing important. I would prefer not to touch on that subject. Please.

:kipsfrown: Uh... I think that’s okay. Not gonna force you.

>2: Ask them what they're looking for. If its the Pendant don't give it to them.
That’s a subtle question, but whatever you say, mighty voice in Kip’s head!

:artieangry: What do you mean “what I’m looking for”?

:kipsblush: I-I dunno! Eh, I just... Nevermind, don’t worry!

>3: If his answers satisfy you give him back the gun.
Kip isn’t pleased with this. He decides to risk a little more with questions.

:kipsconfused: Why don’t you look startled by the blood in the other room?

:artiebored: ... I’m used to it.

:kipsnervous: Wait, when did you get used to it? Do you see it often?

:artiesad: I... don’t know, it just doesn’t startle me anymore.

:kipsfrown: This... isn’t enough. Who’re you? And what are you trying to escape from?

:artiecry: You... shouldn’t be here. They won’t be easy on you just because you are one of them.

:kipsicon: Who’re they? Please, you need to tell me. I’m here to help!

:artiesad: What’s taking place here is bigger than you, Kip.

:artienervous: Bigger than me. It’s bigger than all of us. You have to leave.

:artiecry: Please, let us go.

:kipsfrown: ... Did they hurt you?

:artieangry: ... Yes.

:kipssad: I cannot let it go unpunished, Artie. Please.

:artiesad: ... It’s okay.

:artiebored: You’re a really nice cat. I...

:artiecry: I’m sorry for this.

:kipsnervous: Thank you, but- Uh, wait, sorry for what?-

Artie’s answers are a little too vague, but that’s NOT what really startles Kip.


The fragile Keothera can feel the fox’s fingers twiddling around his neck briefly.


It’s a trap.
>>
No. 860887 ID: c914a9
File 151670771129.png - (9.80KB , 800x580 , hold.png )
860887

The fox tries to take Kip’s pendant off, but fails at the task. Kip’s sealing spell is very effective. He has a plan B, however.

Kip’s very sensitive kitty feet are no longer touching the ground. The fox holds him in the air.

:artieteeth: It’s nothing personal, kitty.
>>
No. 860888 ID: c914a9
File 151670775343.png - (19.09KB , 800x580 , slem.png )
860888

Artie SLAMS Kip over the lockers at his full strength. Kip screams out, his fragile body not being made to handle such an impact, and he’s almost too helpless to fight back at all.

:artieangry: I SWEAR IT ISN’T.

:artiecry: YOU’RE SUCH A NICE GUY!

:artiesad: FORGIVE ME FOR THIS.
>>
No. 860891 ID: c914a9
File 151670790003.gif - (16.44KB , 800x580 , tear.gif )
860891

Kip stares into Artie’s eyes shaking in fear. The fox gets a hold of Kip’s pendant and pulls it at his full strength. Poor, sweet Kip groans and struggles, but the fox is far too strong and doesn’t let go.

The pendant glows a bright tone of green.

:artiedoom: I JUST REALLY WANT TO SEE THE SUN.

Kip has TIME and enough ENERGY to pull off a MIND SPELL, but he isn’t sure if it’s going to work. It can work perfectly and save him, or fail miserably and end up in utter doom. Alternatively, he can try and fight back physically, he’s carrying the PENS and a bit of BROKEN GLASS too. Keep in mind that Kip is NOT very good at CLOSE COMBAT though, so choose wisely.

What should Kip do?
>>
No. 860907 ID: 13fded

Remember that telekinetic outburst you had against the monster? This would be a great time to do that again.

Artie will resent you if you mess with his memory and you cant let him leave without looking him over for signs of the infection, so the best you can do is take control of the situation.

Get in combat, but nonlethal. What I would like you to do, if you can, is to keep Artie at a safe distance pushing him when he try to approach, assume your combat form if you feel its appropriate. Also use your telekinesis to take the gun, not to use it, just for additional intimidation and to prevent him from taking it.
>>
No. 860910 ID: bfdaf0

>>860907
Before you do any kind of telekinetics directed at Artie, you must force his hand open first, or you risk pushing him away with the pendant! A jab to the back of the hand with a pen should do the trick.
>>
No. 860911 ID: cc5f4f

Quick. Do some spell dohickey. Like, maybe confuse him. Make him think like there's a bright light blinding him. I feel like this is pretty cruel, but its the last brutal I can think, and should make him flinch.
>>
No. 860913 ID: 4cf31e

Ah crap. Use a MIND-SHOCK spell (if you know one) and it might make him FLINCH, releasing the pendant. Then push him and PIN him to the ground with telekinesis.
"What the hell Artie! I'm doing my best to help you and you pull this on me? Listen, i'm your best fucking chance of leaving this hellhole alive, and i really want to help you escape, but you gotta cooperate!"
If he's still hostile after this, tear his gun apart.
>>
No. 861572 ID: 91ee5f

>>860891
Stab his hand with all of Broken Glass!

And then pull the gun over and point it at him!
>>
No. 861615 ID: 90124d

He never grabbed the gun. Point it at him and force him to stop or claim to shoot. If he starts rambling about how your too nice to shoot than he's obviously pretty evil or dedicated enough to be that pragmatic.

Can the pup help you with that distraction spell?

I don't think you can win in close combat.
That other Pendant exists still and worst case scenario you could bluff and say you can trigger it and both of you would die, or something like that.

I don't think we can really help you in close quarters combat, our suggestions can only be strategic level and can't adapt in time during fast fighting. This would be fine if you had experience in close quarters... but umm... yeah.
>>
No. 862281 ID: c914a9
File 151705799432.gif - (279.65KB , 800x580 , cast.gif )
862281

>>860907
>Remember that telekinetic outburst you had against the monster? This would be a great time to do that again.
It doesn’t work that way. Kip got the telekinetic outburst in the other room out of PAIN. As much as he’s in complete despair right now, poor sweet Kip can’t pull off another outburst willingly. He still finds your idea very clever nonetheless.
>Artie will resent you if you mess with his memory and you cant let him leave without looking him over for signs of the infection, so the best you can do is take control of the situation.
Don’t worry, leaving this facility is not gonna be easy for an earthling. Kip shut all the doors he went through when he broke in. He may not be a top tier agent, but he knows enough to not leave any obvious clues of his presence. Artie will have a long way before he can break out.
>Get in combat, but nonlethal. What I would like you to do, if you can, is to keep Artie at a safe distance pushing him when he try to approach, assume your combat form if you feel its appropriate. Also use your telekinesis to take the gun, not to use it, just for additional intimidation and to prevent him from taking it.
Kip is afraid his combat form will NOT be enough to beat Artie’s strong physique in a fight still. Your ideas are pretty clever regardless though. He could try to pick up the gun, but it’d be risky; if Artie gets his hands on it, he’ll be dead. It’s better not to risk it. Though Kip WILL take your tips into consideration in future fights!

>>861615
>Can the pup help you with that distraction spell?
Sadly, no. Woof cannot help Kip when under the distraction spell. The spell puts him in an almost daydream-like state; he’s unaware of his surroundings, and Kip doesn’t wanna break the spell. If anything happens, he just wants Woof to stay in peace.

>>860910
>Before you do any kind of telekinetics directed at Artie, you must force his hand open first, or you risk pushing him away with the pendant! A jab to the back of the hand with a pen should do the trick.
You’re right. It’s good to be cautious. Artie is gripping the pendant really tightly. It doesn’t feel like he’d let go easily.

Kip tries to stab the fox with the BROKEN GLASS PIECE, but the fox gets grip of Kip’s right hand before he can attack. He’d rather NOT risk it one more time.
Yet, gladly, the fox’s grasp on the pendant seems to have gotten weaker, out of the surprise and effort from the fox to stop Kip’s physical attack. He has around a fraction of a second to act.

>>860911
>Quick. Do some spell dohickey. Like, maybe confuse him. Make him think like there's a bright light blinding him. I feel like this is pretty cruel, but its the last brutal I can think, and should make him flinch.
Kip knows a confusion spell similar to this, but it isn’t a nice spell at all. There’s a reason why Kip isn’t okay with using MIND SPELLS, specially of THIS kind. But he has no choice right now, does he? Cruel or not, it’s his only way out.


Kip closes his eyes.

The Keothera’s pendant glows even brighter as Kip holds his fragile and shaky hand in front of the ferocious fox’s forehead.

Kip is very sorry.
>>
No. 862282 ID: c914a9
File 151705803831.gif - (702.00KB , 800x580 , mind.gif )
862282

Artie screams from the top of his lungs.

Kip is really, really sorry.
>>
No. 862283 ID: c914a9
File 151705808467.gif - (18.02KB , 800x580 , snackbar.gif )
862283

Kip takes some distance. The spell won’t hold the fox for long. He’s already tried to talk to him and failed miserably. Leaving quickly is his best chance of survival.

Kip noticed the fox’s breath reeked of starvation when he hugged him. He takes out a SNACKBAR from his FOOD INVENTORY and carefully places it over the table in a place that would be easy to see. The cat hopes the fox will forgive him someday.

He doesn’t take the GUN either. It’s Artie’s only weapon, taking it away would be rather cruel; and Kip doesn’t really need it much either.
>>
No. 862284 ID: c914a9
File 151705812012.gif - (12.97KB , 800x580 , come.gif )
862284

Kip quickly grabs woof by the arm and runs outta the room and down the hallway.
The wolf is still under Kip’s confusion spell, and remains in a dream state, pretty much unaware of his surroundings. He hopes this will spare the wolf from what is awaiting them ahead.
>>
No. 862285 ID: c914a9
File 151705816938.gif - (15.75KB , 800x580 , loby.gif )
862285

Time’s running out. Kip speeds up his pace. He’s now in the LOBBY.
>>
No. 862286 ID: c914a9
File 151705820060.gif - (13.79KB , 800x580 , fast.gif )
862286

Kip doesn’t have much time to think. The next step is instinctive and obvious for him. He dashes to the elevator and presses the button.
>>
No. 862287 ID: c914a9
File 151705823675.gif - (27.60KB , 800x580 , elevator.gif )
862287

As the elevator’s doors open, Kip flinches at the not very inviting sight. Sighing, he mutters to himself, “I can’t back off”.
>>
No. 862288 ID: c914a9
File 151705829791.gif - (14.18KB , 800x580 , down.gif )
862288

The Keothera gets in the elevator and clumsily presses the button, shaking. He presses the button labeled with “S1” and hopes for the best.

And down he goes.

------------------------
Announcement: The next update will be big and kind of special, so it may take a little longer to finish! And on the meantime, I’ve also decided to make a Discussion thread for the quests. Feel free to leave thoughts and criticism there!
https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/120008.html
>>
No. 862291 ID: 13fded

You have to release Wolf from the confusion. It was fine to keep him quiet during a confrontation he couldn't contribute in any way and we had no reason to believe he would be target, but now that you are on the move the spell will make him vulnerable and completely dependent on you. Is it worth to spare his sensibilities if that increases the risk of getting him killed?
>>
No. 862297 ID: 4cf31e

>>862291 You could also swap the distraction spell for a minor one that just filters out the red color so he doesn't get scared by all the blood.
When you reach S1, tap a random button before leaving so if Artie tries to chase you, he'll think you went somewhere else.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password