[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 858190)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 151587586884.png - (167.01KB , 700x550 , 1.png )
858190 No. 858190 ID: 65a774

”They built a forge of souls... and from the forge men of steel and flame were birthed…”
-The Chronicler.
Expand all images
>>
No. 858191 ID: 65a774
File 151587588242.png - (29.70KB , 700x550 , 2.png )
858191

You awaken to the autumn sun spilling out in your room. The gentle wind outside plays with the dried leaves as they fall from the trees, signaling that the summer is over… and that the harvest is about to commence. Today is the first day of harvest and thus a celebration will be had. As you listen to the cold breeze rattle your window from the outside, you instinctively wrap yourself in the covers a bit extra to protect yourself from the cold. Being a Sakkilian, a reptilian species, you’ve never had any love for the cold weather out here.

While laying in your bed to savor the warmth it provides, you can’t help but let your thoughts drift to the grand feast tonight. While the hamlet you live in isn’t particularly big, there has always been a certain pride when it comes to food. You wonder if the Lundbergs will bring their monkberry tarts this year… or if Mr. Thorson will make his famed rhubarb pie… and you can’t forget Ågren’s sugar dipped parogranat. You always loved parogranat fruit…
Though first, there are more important questions to be had…

Are you a man or a lady? …or even something in between?
>>
No. 858193 ID: 3abd97

>>858191
Lady
>>
No. 858194 ID: 3adb50

You are a Man
>>
No. 858195 ID: 6ca046

You are whatever you want to be~
>>
No. 858196 ID: fbc94f

Lady
>>
No. 858197 ID: 13fded

You are a construct.
>>
No. 858198 ID: 1e7aa8

Lady
>>
No. 858199 ID: 01134a

man
>>
No. 858201 ID: 33cbe7

Beep boop. You are a construct.
>>
No. 858204 ID: 91ee5f

>>858191
>summer is over
>gonna get colder
>Being a Sakkilian, a reptilian species, you’ve never had any love for the cold weather out here.
Then it's time to listen to your instincts and start packing on the pounds so that you can keep yourself warm while the weather outside continues to get colder. Extra fat means your body will retain heat and you won't be as cold as you would be without it.

>Are you a man or a lady? …or even something in between?
Lady
>>
No. 858205 ID: 6780f5

You're neither! Let's see Kaktus deal with it!
>>
No. 858207 ID: 1e0b06

You were born with both but are completely infertile.
>>
No. 858211 ID: 65a774
File 151588068529.png - (46.97KB , 700x550 , 3.png )
858211

>Then it's time to listen to your instincts and start packing on the pounds so that you can keep yourself warm while the weather outside continues to get colder. Extra fat means your body will retain heat and you won't be as cold as you would be without it.
You’ve never been able to really put on weight actually. No matter how much you eat, you always seem to keep your slim figure… and seeing that you’re quite the glutton at times…
>You are whatever you want to be~
What you want to be right now is yourself.
>You were born with both but are completely infertile.
Wouldn’t that be a dream come true? No, you sadly only have one option to choose from… and have to worry about the consequences as well if bitterweed isn’t involved.
>Beep boop. You are a construct.
Boop beep, you’re pretty sure you’re not made out of clay… or rock… or… bones or whatever…


>You are a lady.
On closer inspection, you are indeed a lady. A 22 year old lady, living the best years of her life… in her parents addict… without any real work... though, to be fair, the hamlet you live in barely have fifteen houses... and you guess you’ll just have to continue your mothers work eventually.

The sun’s rays blind your eyes as you steal a peek from under your blanket, ensuring that everything you saw was bathed in a blinding light. By Helve, it almost looked like your scales were bright white… which is silly, they are obviously-

What is the color of your scales?

Green – Your roots spreads far to the north, all the way to the large forest lands of Northrian.

Orange – Your ancestor in ages past came from the vast deserts of the south.

Red – Your people are home here in the central marchlands where you currently live.

Blue – You actually have a strange skin scale-disease, making the coloration of your scales a deep blue. What was once a dangerous affliction is today nothing but an exotic curiosity thanks to the wonders of life magic.
>>
No. 858212 ID: 3abd97

>living the best years of her life… in her parents addict
Wow your parents have their very own addict, and you live inside that person? How very strange. Do the drugs the addict is addicted to transform them into something like a house?

>color
Blue
>>
No. 858213 ID: 13fded

Red. As far as your family tales recall, none of your ancestors traveled very far.
>>
No. 858214 ID: 10c408

Blue scales!
>>
No. 858216 ID: 9e4723

Orange, you allways liked the heat more anyways.
>>
No. 858217 ID: 33cbe7

Green iz best!
>>
No. 858219 ID: 6780f5

Octarine! Only wizards can see the colour of your scales! Or, I guess, blue.
>>
No. 858220 ID: b6adfb

Blue
>>
No. 858222 ID: 9876c4

Red is objectively correct.
>>
No. 858223 ID: 3ce125

>>858211
Blue, but with red ancestry.
>>
No. 858224 ID: 1f4fbd

Blue
>>
No. 858225 ID: 65a774
File 151588557560.png - (40.81KB , 700x550 , 4.png )
858225

>Wow your parents have their very own addict, and you live inside that person? How very strange.
It’s way too early for perfect spelling... damn d’s, sounding like t’s…

>Blue.
You are a unique individual, in that you are “blessed” with scales of the ocean. While it does make you stand out among your peers, it isn’t hard to recognize you, because as far as you know you’re the only one with blue scales in the country of Occidavia. Of course, as you’ve never been to any of the big cities yet so that might change.

As for your parents, they are both Red March Sakkilians. As far as your family tales recall, your ancestors never did like to travel very far to find a mate. Speaking of your parents, you really hope your mother will let you have a day off today, what with the celebration and all. You really aren’t in the mood to work with the-

Choose your defining trait:

Strength – Your mother is a smith and thus, as her apprentice, the long days you’ve spent in front of the forge have made you stronger than most. You’re cocky, determined and like to solve problems with the simple method.

Agility – Your mother is a hunter, meaning that you’re well versed with moving quickly and silently, as to not frighten the prey. You’re cunning, roguish and like to solve problems by finding new, different solutions that better fit your taste.

Intelligence – Your mother is a scholar and as the daughter of the only teacher in the hamlet, you were bound to pick up something extra. You’re bright, reserved and like to solve problems by using your noggin.
>>
No. 858228 ID: 3ce125

>>858225
Strength!
>>
No. 858229 ID: 13fded

I want to pick intelligence, but currently I don't have much faith in our collective capacity to solve complex problems.
You are an agile inexperience hunter!
>>
No. 858230 ID: 92cd99

>>858225
Strength
>>
No. 858232 ID: 91ee5f

>>858225
>Choose your defining trait
Strength, which obviously is part of the reason you can't really put on weight. But working in the forge will actually help you stay warm during the cold seasons!

It's a good thing you're not a hunter! Blue scales don't exactly blend in with the surroundings, so you'd always end up scaring away your prey!
>>
No. 858233 ID: 33cbe7

Agile? Must be Italian or something. Pick that one.
>>
No. 858237 ID: 9e4723

Hell yeah, i am going with Strength! I love to solve problems by punching them.
>>
No. 858239 ID: 3abd97

>>858225
Intelligence
>>
No. 858241 ID: cc5f4f

Strength
>>
No. 858244 ID: 1e7aa8

agility
>>
No. 858247 ID: b6adfb

Intelligence
>>
No. 858248 ID: 1f4fbd

Intelligence
>>
No. 858249 ID: de6d84

SSSmarts
>>
No. 858252 ID: 65a774
File 151589223768.png - (51.03KB , 700x550 , 5.png )
858252

>Strength.
You always were the strongest among your peers… tallest too, in fact. But you’ve been loafing around enough this morning already! Time to get up and get dressed!

>I don't have much faith in our collective capacity to solve complex problems.
Complex problems are easy. They never properly nail down the puzzle box, do they? Heh…
>It's a good thing you're not a hunter! Blue scales don't exactly blend in with the surroundings, so you'd always end up scaring away your prey!
Hunters usually wear something to cover up their scales… and besides, you’re pretty sure most prey smells or hear you before they see you anyway.
>Working the forge is obviously part of the reason you can't really put on weight.
You do work up quite a sweat most days, yeah…
>But working in the forge will actually help you stay warm during the cold seasons!
But then it will be even colder when you go outside again! It’s a double edged sword!

There, now you are ready to meet a new day… and punch it in the face if you don’t like it… if it had a face, that is. Sadly, your thoughts about day punching are abruptly interrupted as you hear a yell coming form down stairs. You can hear your father calling your name. What is the name he is calling? …well, what name would he be calling if didn’t call you his little opal… so…

What is your name?

Common Sakkilian names: Tola, Craita, Luiza, Atanasia, Tereza, Felicia, Ilena, Ema, Rodica, Sonia.
>>
No. 858253 ID: 6780f5

Agility
>>
No. 858254 ID: 3abd97

>>858252
Ema's good.
>>
No. 858256 ID: 094652

Vaillyn
>>
No. 858257 ID: 91ee5f

>>858252
>It’s a double edged sword!
Like the ones you make in the forge!

>Name?
How about Lazuli?

Kinda like the blue Lapis lazuli rock. It makes sense since we're blue and we went with strength, making us as tough as a rock!
>>
No. 858258 ID: de6d84

Ema has a nice sound to it.
>>
No. 858261 ID: 13fded

Luiza
>>
No. 858264 ID: 9e4723

Yeah, i like Ema, simple but pretty. You really must have a hard time waking up in the mornings if you even forget your own name.
>>
No. 858269 ID: cc5f4f

Vanilla
>>
No. 858272 ID: fe7355

Ema. Uncomplicated, short and lovely, just like you. ...Er, except for the 'short' part.

Take a peek out the windows to see what your neighbors are doing this morning. Any non-Sakkilians living in your hamlet or is it a total lizard-ville?

>But then it will be even colder when you go outside again! It’s a double edged sword!
Which is why you hang your winter coat, scarf, hat and tail stocking on the side of the furnace so they're toasty warm when you go out. Bundled up in them you won't feel the nasty temperature shock stepping outside.

>They never properly nail down the puzzle box, do they? Heh…
And then whoever owns the puzzle box will be pissed off you broke it and you'll have to fix it or pay to replace it.
>>
No. 858275 ID: ad51b8

Ema
>>
No. 858292 ID: 9e4723

>>858272
But you can punch them too. It's a win-win situation.
>>
No. 858302 ID: 33cbe7

Silva.
>>
No. 858357 ID: 65a774
File 151593189786.png - (49.50KB , 700x550 , 6.png )
858357

Your name is Ema. The daughter of the smith, the blue opal, Ema Ligiadottir. You’re not sure whom the Ligia you’re named after was, but apparently one of your ancestors was her daughter, going by the name. Now, with all the important questions dealt with, it’s time to check what dad wants.

>You really must have a hard time waking up in the mornings if you even forget your own name.
Hey! You’re just a heavy sleeper, that’s all!
>Take a peek out the windows to see what your neighbors are doing this morning.
Sadly, those windows are a bit too high up to be used for peeking. Living in the attic does have its downsides…
>Any non-Sakkilians living in your hamlet or is it a total lizard-ville?
Most of us are Sakkilians, true, but there are a few Varkians around… and that human couple... and the hiver… and you can’t forget that plant person out by the river. Uredo or what they are called? You’ve never really known it well.
>And then whoever owns the puzzle box will be pissed off you broke it and you'll have to fix it or pay to replace it.
Only if you smash it completely! Instead, you break it apart carefully so you can rebuild it already solved. Then everyone will think you’re smart!


Heading downstairs, you find your father relentlessly baking for the feast tonight. As the hamlets baker, he has his claws and tail full with preparing for the dinner tonight. Hopefully he won’t ask you to help… you’ve never been good at baking…

:EmaFoS: Dad?
:DadFoS: There you are, my little Opal. Finally decided to greet us here in the waking world?
:EmaFoS: I’m not very little anymore, dad…
:DadFoS: Nonsense, you will always be my little Opal!
:EmaFoS: I’m way taller than you are…
:DadFoS: Which any healthy young lady should be. But that’s not why I called you.
:EmaFoS: …it’s breakfast time?
:DadFoS: Breakfast was hours ago, dear.
:EmaFoS: But I’m hungry…
:DadFoS: Then you would have thought about that before sleeping in, my little opal. No, I want to ask you for assistance.
:EmaFoS: ...you know I’m not a very good baker.
:DadFoS: Oh, no, it’s not about that. No, I need you to deliver some bread to the temple. It’s for the offering tonight, you see?
:EmaFoS: You want me to deliver bread to elder Ilena?
:DadFoS: That’s right. And you better hurry, we don’t want it to go stale! The gods wouldn’t approve of stale bread. Oh, and if you’re hungry, little Opal, you can always grab something from the pantry. Just make sure it isn’t anything that’s for tonight, you hear?
:EmaFoS: Th-
:DadFoS: Oh! And before I forget! One of your friends were here just a moment ago looking for you. Something about gathering berries for tonight? I still think you can catch them if you hurry.
>>
No. 858361 ID: 4854ef

Grab bread, hurry out and meet friend.. And make sure to bite down on something and carry it with you as you munch on it.

Also thank dad for telling you, give him a quick hug before leaving.
>>
No. 858364 ID: 91ee5f

>>858357
>As the hamlets baker, he has his claws and tail full with preparing for the dinner tonight.
You know that old saying of "Never trust a skinny chef"? Well, it's honestly very surprising that everyone trusts him to do the baking!

>Hopefully he won’t ask you to help…you’ve never been good at baking…
But you are amazing at sneaking snacks when he's not looking!

>There you are, my little Opal.
With how often he calls you that, you'd think your name was Opal instead of Ema.

>I’m way taller than you are…
>Which any healthy young lady should be.
That might be another reason you can't put on weight, despite you being a glutton. Instead of you getting fat, you instead get taller when you eat a lot!

>No, I want to ask you for assistance.
>...you know I’m not a very good baker.
>Oh, no, it’s not about that.
Thank goodness! I'm pretty sure you, your dad, and your mom still have nightmares about that one time you got a "great idea" and tried to cook something in the forge! How were you supposed to know that was going to cause an explosion?!

>You want me to deliver bread to elder Ilena?
>That’s right. And you better hurry, we don’t want it to go stale! The gods wouldn’t approve of stale bread.
Then you better hurry! You don't want to upset the gods!

>Oh, and if you’re hungry, little Opal, you can always grab something from the pantry. Just make sure it isn’t anything that’s for tonight, you hear?
It'll probably be easier to just ask him what you're allowed to eat from the pantry, instead of just guessing and hoping you didn't pick the wrong thing to eat.

>Oh! And before I forget! One of your friends were here just a moment ago looking for you. Something about gathering berries for tonight? I still think you can catch them if you hurry.
Your friend will just have to come with you while you deliver the bread and then you can help them gather berries later.
>>
No. 858387 ID: 9e4723

Huh, Opal does sound like a good nickname. How is this friend of yours?
>>
No. 858395 ID: ad51b8

grab bread, grab snack, catch up to friend, then drop off bread at the church and go hang out with your friend.
>>
No. 858398 ID: fe7355

Hey, you were looking for a way to get out of working the forge with your mom today and this delivery is just the ticket. Lucky you.

Hurry outside and see if you can catch your friend before they're out of earshot and call them back. That way you'll have a bit more time and won't have to just snap up something from the pantry. As for what to eat, a jam sandwich with buttered bread sounds good. Your dad made a loaf of bread for the household as usual, didn't he? Just make sure to ask your dad what's for the harvest celebration so you don't snag the wrong thing.

But if you do have to rush out, you could throw a few fixings for something better in the bag or basket the temple bread bread is in to put together after your delivery.

And make sure to give your father a quick one-armed hug and a "love ya, dad" before heading out.
>>
No. 858410 ID: 65a774
File 151597235383.png - (53.40KB , 700x550 , 7.png )
858410

>You know that old saying of "Never trust a skinny chef"? Well, it's honestly very surprising that everyone trusts him to do the baking!
Dad isn’t that skinny! He’s a great baker and pretty much everyone in the hamlet eats his bread every day.
>But you are amazing at sneaking snacks when he's not looking!
Which is the main reason why you’re so bad at baking. You can’t keep your fingers to yourself.
>I'm pretty sure you, your dad, and your mom still have nightmares about that one time you got a "great idea" and tried to cook something in the forge!
You where ten! And you’re pretty sure you’re the only one with nightmares, as you had to clean up the mess it made.

>That might be another reason you can't put on weight, despite you being a glutton. Instead of you getting fat, you instead get taller when you eat a lot!
You’re not that tall. He’s a man; of course you’re taller than him. Besides, mom is taller than you as well.
>Huh, Opal does sound like a good nickname.
Yet only your father calls you that… and you rather leave it that way.
>And make sure to bite down on something and carry it with you as you munch on it.
Perfect, there’s still one of those cooked breads with garlic from yesterday in here. That will do nicely.

>Thank dad for telling you, give him a quick hug before leaving.
:EmaFoS: Thanks dad.
:DadFoS: Don’t mention it. See you soon, my little Opal.
:EmaFoS: See you soon.
>>
No. 858413 ID: 65a774
File 151597239990.png - (85.70KB , 700x550 , 8.png )
858413

>You better hurry! You don't want to upset the gods!
You’re sure the gods can wait a few moments more for their bread.
>Grab bread, hurry out and meet friend...
With bread in hand (or basket in this case) as well as a piece in your mouth, you rush outside to see which of your friends came looking for you. Apparently, it was pretty much all of them, as you find all five of them just down the road from your house. Sonya the red Sakkilian, Hugo the human, Corvak the Varkian… as well as the green Sakkilian siblings, Tola and Tidol. Oh, and Corvaks little brother is here as well, apparently. They are all wearing those celebration masks as well… a bit early for that, if you ask… um… you.

:NonFoS: -odd that they would leave just as the celebrations starts, they’ve always been here before. They just started packing up their wagons this morning…
:NonFoS: Apparently their fortune teller drew some bad cards or something. “Bad omens are coming” or what they said.
:NonFoS: Ha! Everyone knows those cards just poppycock. Why, a last year she predicted that I would find a great fortune, but did that happen? Nope!
:NonFoS: Just yesterday they said I would soon meet someone tall, dark and mysterious whom would change my life forever. Maybe she’ll be here at the dance tonight?
:NonFoS: See, exactly what I said, complete poppycock. Which stranger would want to dance with someone like you!?
:NonFoS: S-sis!
:NonFoS: Didn’t Ema get a fortune that said that her action might change the whole world or something?
:NonFoS: Speaking of Ema… Hey! Ema! Mr. Thorson asked us to pick some more berries for him. Do you want to come with?
>>
No. 858414 ID: 7a0f3d

>>858413
Sure. But isn't it a little early for dress up?
>>
No. 858415 ID: 9e4723

Well of curse you are going to change the word, you are blue!
But in all seriusnes, do you belive in fate and all that?Who is who? Can't tell by the masks. Well except the human and the red one.
>>
No. 858417 ID: ad51b8

sure just tell them you need to drop this bread off at the temple first and you're good to go. Also ask who left?
>>
No. 858422 ID: fe7355

Yeah, but you have to run this offering bread over to Ilena first. Should take only a few minutes. Y'all want to tag along? There any berry bushes near the temple we could pick? But if they aren't gonna come along, ask where they're gonna go so you can catch up with them. And ask 'em why they're wearing their masks this early, with a playful tap on the tip of Tola's mask for emphasis.

>Just yesterday they said I would soon meet someone tall, dark and mysterious whom would change my life forever.
Did the fortune teller say it was a gal? Or Sakkilian? Or that the change would be beneficial? There's so much wiggle room in that fortune it could mean anything, including bad stuff.

>Mr. Thorson asked us to pick some more berries for him.
Wait, isn't Mr. Thorson the one who makes the rhubarb pie for the harvest celebration you like so much? What's he going to use the berries for? Is he gonna make a different kind of pie this year?
>>
No. 858427 ID: 3ce125

>>858413
Ok, but bread delivery comes first.
>>
No. 858435 ID: 91ee5f

>>858413
Young lady, you better go deliver that bread before you go run off with your friends!
>>
No. 858546 ID: 65a774
File 151602919448.png - (82.54KB , 700x550 , 9.png )
858546

>Well of course you are going to change the word, you are blue!
How do you change the world when you’ve ever only known such a small part of it?
>But in all seriousness, do you believe in fate and all that?
You’d like to believe you’re the master of your own future. If fate tries to control you you’ll just punch it in the FACE! POW! Hehe…
>There any berry bushes near the temple we could pick?
The only berries growing close to town is at Hugo’s parents place, but as they grow those to make alcohol with they are off limits.

>Young lady, you better go deliver that bread before you go run off with your friends!
:EmaFoS: I need to deliver this to the temple first, but after that I’ll be happy to tag along.
:TolaFoS: Just hurry up. We want to be back before they put up the harvest pole.
:SonyaFoS: Eh, you can catch up. We’re not going to run there, are we?
:TidolFoS: We’re going to the old lake, Ema. There is usually a lot of berries by it.
:HugoFoS: Hopefully we won’t have to walk out on the mire…
>Ask 'em why they're wearing their masks this early.
You walk up to Tola and give the snout of her mask a playful tap.
:EmaFoS: Isn't it a little early for dress up?
:TolaFoS: H-hey!
:TidolFoS: We’re just trying to new masks. Don’t they look cool?
:CorvakFoS: We’re going to leave them here before we head out into the forest.
:HugoFoS: Not me. I’ll keep mine. Doesn’t it make me look cool and mysterious?
:SonyaFoS: You look like a dork!
:HugoFoS: …a cool and mysterious dork?
:SonyaFoS: No, just a dork.

>Who is who?
Sonya is the Marchland Sakkilian gal. She is both the oldest and tallest of us, though she still can’t beat you at arm-wrestling.
:SonyaFoS: So are we leaving or what?

Hugo is the human. He’s the guy to go to if you want something nice to drink.
:HugoFoS: Let me just fasten my mask again…

Corvak is the Crow looking Varkian. He’s usually found reading one of those books of his.
:CorvakFoS: You need to return these mask to the celebration square before they notice we took them.
:NonFoS: B-but big bro, I wanted to come t-
:CorvakFoS: No buts… and make sure you don’t drop one of them!
:NonFoS: Fine…
Oh… and his little brother is here as well… or was here… you don’t know him very well at all.

Then there are the Forest Sakkilian siblings. While Tidol, the male one, is the older one it’s usually Tola, the taller female one, who take charge.
:TolaFoS: Come on now, bro, if we don’t hurry we’ll be late.
:TidolFoS: We got plenty of time, sis, no need to worry.

>Ask who left?
:TidolFoS: The Varkian nomads. You know, they come by here every year at this time?
:EmaFoS: Oh right, them. So what? They just packed up their carts and left?
:CorvakFoS: They left this morning. Said that there was a bad omen coming or something.
:TolaFoS: Just make believe if you ask me. They probably have some bill or something they didn’t want to pay.
:HugoFoS: They do make one hell of a snaps, though.
:SonyaFoS: Which your family buys a ton of and sell to us for inflated prices for the rest of the year…
:HugoFoS: Hey, it’s just business.
>Did the fortune teller say it was a gal? Or Sakkilian? Or that the change would be beneficial? There's so much wiggle room in that fortune it could mean anything, including bad stuff.
:TolaFoS: That’s how fortunes works, Ema. They just say something broad and mysterious then claim they saw the future as soon as something remotely relevant happens.
:TidolFoS: I don’t know… I have a good feeling about this year’s celebration.
:EmaFoS: Heh… maybe this mysterious person is Hugo with his “cool and mysterious” mask.
:TidolFoS: Err… I d-don’t... but… um… he’s a m-man? I’m n-not-
:HugoFoS: Well, it never said anything about it needing to be a romantic meeting.
:TidolFoS: I don’t think you’ll change my life Hugo.
>Wait, isn't Mr. Thorson the one who makes the rhubarb pie for the harvest celebration you like so much? What's he going to use the berries for?
:SonyaFoS: Heck if I know. I think it’s for some juice for the children or something?
:HugoFoS: Oh yeah, I haven’t drunk that for ages…
:SonyaFoS: Because you always drink a bunch of alcohol...

:EmaFoS: I’ll catch up, guys. Right after I’ve been by the temple.
:TidolFoS: :TolaFoS: Don’t leave us waiting!
>>
No. 858547 ID: 65a774
File 151602921008.png - (28.50KB , 700x550 , 10.png )
858547

You enter the dusty old temple, by far the oldest building here, and are greeted by an empty chamber. The alter stands bare with the exception of a holy symbol while the sacred swords of… some saint you can’t remember hangs on the wall. You can hear someone muttering a prayer somewhere, but you’re not sure from where…

:NonFoS: “And thus the historian spoke; the men of steel and flame was forgotten in their slumber… but as the folly of mortals set their harvest unto ruin, so their fury will awaken. Only those asking for permission with an offering will be spared their rage.”
:EmaFoS: Elder Ilena? Are you there? I’m here with the bread?

It takes a long while before an answer comes, this time it’s undeniably coming from the door to the priest’s sanctum. It seems like the Elder doesn’t want to meet you face to face right now.

:NonFoS: …Ema? Is that you?
:EmaFoS: Yes? It’s me.
:NonFoS: Tell me, what is the purpose of those blades that is hanging on the wall?
:EmaFoS: Err… well…

You try to think back to your studies… but the only thing you remember is fantasizing about climbing that tree out by the river when the subject of the sacred blades came up. You think it is something to do with… fighting evil?

:EmaFoS: …to smite the wicked?
:NonFoS: …and the other blade?
:EmaFoS: …to… um… enact vengeance against the… deserving?
:NonFoS: …They are the blades of justice. One, to befall judgment upon the wicked… and the second, to protect the innocent. Vengeance is not Justice, you would take care to learn that.
:EmaFoS: *Sigh* yes, elder…
:NonFoS: Place the bread on the altar, I will take care of it later. Oh, and Ema? As penance for your ignorance, ask the gods for forgiveness in prayer.
:EmaFoS: B-but-
:NonFoS: No buts. Bow before the gods and pray in their names.
:EmaFoS: Ugh…

For what do you pray?
Good Health – Pray for you good health and wellbeing.
Family – Pray for the health of your family and friends.
Fortune – Pray for fortune and gold.
Luck – Pray for luck in all things.
Love – Pray for the guidance to find the one.
…Lust? - ...or pray for more carnal desires.
Don’t pray – Just leave. If the gods are real, then let the rage strike you down!
>>
No. 858552 ID: 4854ef

Family is everything.
>>
No. 858553 ID: 91ee5f

>>858547
Family – Pray for the health of your family and friends.
>>
No. 858555 ID: 6780f5

Luck. It's a catch-all and can pretty much apply to all the other things!
>>
No. 858558 ID: fda98a

Well, if familly includes friends, let's go for that. And if something is to come and cause afflictions to them, pray for strenght to protect them. If you want a job well done, you have to do it your self.
>>
No. 858559 ID: 6780f5

Actually, why only pray for one thing? Take the initiative to pray for it all so you're ready for any situation that could rear its head, good and bad alike.
>>
No. 858567 ID: 33cbe7

Lust. You shall reap a bountiful harvest from this town's eligible bachelors!
>>
No. 858605 ID: 65a774
File 151604893848.png - (77.27KB , 700x550 , 11.png )
858605

>Actually, why only pray for one thing? Take the initiative to pray for it all so you're ready for any situation that could rear its head, good and bad alike.
Quality over quantity. If you pray for everything, you’ll probably end up with nothing. Besides, you don’t have time; you still want to catch up with the others, don’t you?
>Lust. You shall reap a bountiful harvest from this town's eligible bachelors!
Hmm… tempting. While you still catch yourself constantly fantasizing of one of them just throwing you to the ground and breeding you there and then, there are more important things in life.

>Family is everything. If something is to come and cause afflictions to them, pray for strength to protect them. If you want a job well done, you have to do it yourself.
:EmaFoS: Oh three of heaven, sky and earth. Please accept my humble pleas of aid and forgiveness. Show me mercy and grant me the power to protect those I care for... ano-

Your prayer is interrupted when you hear a strange rasping sound in front of you… and when you look up, you swear you saw one of the blades move. You’ll just need to keep your eyes on those for a while.
:EmaFoS: …anoint me with your blessing of courage so I may face anything that would harm those I love?

You keep staring at the blades, expecting them to move, but they appear to be nothing but what they look like, a pair of old swords. You’re just about to continue your prayer when a strong wind hits the old temple… and you hear the word “Justice” ring out in the empty hall you stand in…
:EmaFoS: …err… Favor me with your wisdom, so I may find the dangers we face. Revered Trio, let your eternal wisdom guide our path… praise be to the three.

For a full minute you just stand there, listening to the silence… but there is nothing. No voice, no sound… and no moment. Did you just imagen what just happened?
:EmaFoS: …I’m finished with my prayer, Elder.
:NonFoS: Good. Then you may leave after you put the bread down. Oh, and you don’t happen to know if the Felidottir are ready with their offering yet?
:EmaFoS: I can’t say I do, Elder.
:NonFoS: Hmm… they always were late… Go with the blessings of the three, young one.
:EmaFoS: May the blessing of the three be with you as well, Elder.

As you leave through the large temple doors, you find that one of your friends have stayed behind to wait for you. It’s one of the siblings… the one you always had a fancy for… it was-

Choose which of the siblings is waiting for you:
:TidolFoS:
Was it Tidol? The cute, shy boy with the glasses?
:TolaFoS:
Or was it Tola? The pretty, outgoing gal with the large head fins?

…after all, you never did care about gender, did you?
>>
No. 858612 ID: 4854ef

Tidol!
>>
No. 858616 ID: 33cbe7

Tidol!
>>
No. 858617 ID: 91ee5f

>>858605
It was Tidol!

You can't explain it, but there's something about him that just makes you want to pick him up and hold him tight and tell him that you'll protect him from all the dangers of the world!

.....o-of course, you wouldn't actually admit any of this out loud.....at least, not yet.
>>
No. 858619 ID: 3ce125

>>858605
Three...? Go into more detail about who the gods are, please.
>power, courage, wisdom
Wait is this Legend of Zelda?

I'm voting for Tola.
>>
No. 858621 ID: fda98a

Tell us more about these gods of yours.

I choose Tola, i like people who are more assertive.
>>
No. 858713 ID: fe7355

Tidol. You've always had a thing for the shy, reserved types who you'd bring out of their shell. And he's so small and cuddleable, you just want to hug him tight and nuzzle his fins. ...And then pick him up and carry him off to bed to rock his world.
>>
No. 858714 ID: 72c2ec

>Tola
Oh hay Frillsby what you doing in this quest?

>Choose
Stupid sexy twins, you have the hots for them both but there's something about having a toyboy you can pick up and carry around that's always appealed to you.
>>
No. 858728 ID: 094652

Neither
>>
No. 858773 ID: 65a774
File 151611403328.png - (82.41KB , 700x550 , 12.png )
858773

>Three...? Go into more detail about who the gods are, please.
The three goddesses, representing the earth below us, the heavens above and the sky around us, watches over the world and makes sure the ultimate evil is kept at bay. The first created the earth and fire, the second water and sky while the last the very heavens and life itself. They… um… do have individual names but… yeah, you never were that interested in those lessons…
>Wait is this Legend of Zelda?
You’ve never heard any legends about that… but you think one of those nomads was called Zelda, if you remember correctly?

>It was Tidol!
:TidolFoS: Hey, Ema!
:EmaFoS: Tidol? What are you doing here? Didn’t you go with the others?
:TidolFoS: Well… err… heh… um… see, I just wanted to… talk… I mean, if you didn’t know the… err…
:EmaFoS: You just didn’t want me to have to catch up alone, eh?
:TidolFoS: …e-exactly. It would be kind of r-rude to just leave you behind, wouldn’t it?
:EmaFoS: Thanks, Tidol. I appreciate it.
:TidolFoS: D-don’t mention it, Ema.

The two of you start walking into the forest behind the temple, towards the old lake where you were supposed to meet the others.

>Stupid sexy twins.
Sadly, they are only siblings, not twins. Tidol is a full year older than Tola, he’s even a few months older than you, in fact. And while you’d like to go for both of them, you don’t think they would appreciate it.
>You can't explain it, but there's something about him that just makes you want to pick him up and hold him tight and tell him that you'll protect him from all the dangers of the world!
It’s either because he’s so damn cute or it’s just your female instinct kicking in. You’re supposed to take care of and protect the smaller male, after all… or maybe it’s just your parents constant yammering about you “getting a mate already, we were already married at your age and was expecting you at 25” that is getting to you.
>Something about having a boytoy you can pick up and carry around that's always appealed to you.
To be fair, you’re pretty sure you can do that to all the males in town… well, except maybe the hivers, but still… he is very… portable…
>He's so small and cuddleable, you just want to hug him tight and nuzzle his fins.
Oh, you want to do so much more than just cuddle him… hehe…
>...And then pick him up and carry him off to bed to rock his world.
…You’re not so sure you’d be able to. You’ve never actually done it with… eh, who are you kidding. You’ll rock the kid’s world so damn hard he’ll forget his own name come morning.

:TidolFoS: So… Ema… um… I w-was just w-wondering… about the… err… dance… t-tonight?
:EmaFoS: The harvest dance? What about it?
:TidolFoS: Do y-you… um… err…
:EmaFoS: …yes?
:TidolFoS: N-never mind… it was a s-stupid question anyway. B-besides, we need to hurry up if we want to catch up with the others, don’t we?

Maybe you should hurry up a bit as he says, so you can catch up with the others… though, a part of you would rather take your time if it meant being alone with him for a while longer. They won’t notice if you’re gone for a minute or two, will they? …in fact, they probably won’t notice if you’re gone for a long time… long enough for you and Tidol to… hmmm…
>>
No. 858780 ID: fda98a

Insist, make him flush more. And do take your time, "talk" some more, you are very good at "talking" after all.
>>
No. 858784 ID: 91ee5f

>>858773
>N-never mind…it was a s-stupid question anyway.
He was probably going to ask if you wanted to dance with him.

Ask him if he was going to ask you to dance with him? And if he was, then tell him, "Yes, I will dance with you." And pick him up and give him a kiss!

>Maybe you should hurry up a bit as he says, so you can catch up with the others…though, a part of you would rather take your time if it meant being alone with him for a while longer.
Sure, take your time and spend a little more time with Tidol. Just don't take too long. Ditching your friends is a dick move, no matter how good of an excuse you come up with.

.....actually, Tidol looks like the kinda guy that would be interested in those lessons you don't pay attention to. Why don't you tell him about the weird things that happened when you were praying earlier and see what he thinks about it?

>They won’t notice if you’re gone for a minute or two, will they?
Nah, they probably won't.

>…in fact, they probably won’t notice if you’re gone for a long time…long enough for you and Tidol to…hmmm…
That, on the other hand, they will notice!
>>
No. 858811 ID: ad51b8

keep pushing him, try to figure out what he wanted to ask you, if he keeps try to dodge the question "gently" pin him against a tree and keep asking until he final tells you or if he stuttering to much just ask him to the dance yourself. Nothing wrong with a little harmless teasing.
>>
No. 858818 ID: 4854ef

Give him a quick peck on the cheek.
>>
No. 858821 ID: 65a774
File 151614130310.png - (67.47KB , 700x550 , 13.png )
858821

>Sure, take your time and spend a little more time with Tidol. Just don't take too long.
You’ll keep it slow, so you’ll have plenty of time to tease him.
>He was probably going to ask if you wanted to dance with him.
Which is odd… usually it’s the lady who asks the man out. But you guess he mustered all the courage he had and tried to ask you because you mean so much to him. Either way, try to remember to bring bitterweed to the feast, because you’re so going to score tonight! Aw yeah!

>...actually, Tidol looks like the kinda guy that would be interested in those lessons you don't pay attention to. Why don't you tell him about the weird things that happened when you were praying earlier and see what he thinks about it?
:EmaFoS: -and I swear I heard someone whisper “Justice” or some such as well…
:TidolFoS: Hmm? Are you sure you didn’t just imagen it? I mean… err… I’m n-not a religious man but… um…
:EmaFoS: Maybe I did… who’s swords are those anyway?
:TidolFoS: Oh, those… um… let’s see… they are s-supposedly the blades of some long f-forgotten warrior who… um… b-brought justice to t-the innocent or something…
:EmaFoS: Really? I guess that’s why they made them a saint?
:TidolFoS: A-actually, it was t-the whole immortal thing t-that made them a saint. A-apparently… um… s-supposedly, t-the wielder of the blades is… um… a spirit of justice or something that… err… w-wakes up whenever a g-great injustice h-happens and… eat the souls of… t-the guilty?
:EmaFoS: That sounds kind of badass, actually.
:TidolFoS: And completely made up and exaggerated.
:EmaFoS: Well, yes, but still badass.

>Insist, make him flush more.
You’re already almost halfway there… it’s time to pick up the pace.
:EmaFoS: So… you were about the ask me something before, hmm? Before we started discussing the swords.
:TidolFoS: Eh? Oh… um… it… it was nothing, r-really…
:EmaFoS: Something about the dance?
:TidolFoS: Oh… err… I was just… w-wondering… … …w-when it… started?
:EmaFoS: …really? Like every year? Are you sure you weren’t going to ask something a bit more… personal?
:TidolFoS: Um… well… y-you see… E-Ema… I… um…
>If he keeps try to dodge the question "gently" pin him against a tree and keep asking.
You put your arm in front of him as he walks and gently guide him to the side of the small path you’re currently on. Then, by putting both your arms on each side of him, you manage to trap him between yourself and a tree…
:EmaFoS: Yes?
:TidolFoS: Err…. I… I… I j-just…
Then suddenly a loud bird screech pierces the tranquility of the forest… before the calm once again bathes over it as if nothing had happen.
:TidolFoS: W-what was that!?
:EmaFoS: It was just a bird. Stop changing the subject…
:TidolFoS: Err… I… um… y-you see… Ema… I…
Once again, a bird screeches in the distance, but this time it stops halfway through. What is going on over there? No matter…
:EmaFoS: The dance? What where you going to ask about the dance?
:TidolFoS: I… I… I… *gulp*…
>If he stuttering to much just ask him to the dance yourself.
:EmaFoS: You know… it’s traditional for a proper lady to ask the man out to the dance…
:TidolFoS: …err… oh… I… um…
:EmaFoS: So I admire your courage to go against tradition but… I guess I’m just a traditional girl, hmm?
:TidolFoS: Err… s-so t-that’s a…
:EmaFoS: Tidol, Do you want to go to the dance with me?
:TidolFoS: … … …
:EmaFoS: …well?
:TidolFoS: … … …b-by the g-goddesses, y-y-y-y… s…

>Pick him up and give him a kiss!
With a smile on your face, you pick him up and swing him around yourself, stopping yourself as you faces the path again as you let his snout press against yours. You can hear the others running down the path ahead of you, but you don’t care if they catch you making kissing faces with Tidol. Not anymore.
:EmaFoS: Can you repeat that? A bit louder?
:TidolFoS: I… I w-want t-
>>
No. 858822 ID: 65a774
File 151614131232.png - (67.95KB , 700x550 , 14.png )
858822

>>
No. 858823 ID: 332c6b

... That's not good.
>>
No. 858831 ID: ad51b8

...What?
>>
No. 858836 ID: 3ce125

Welp you're under attack. First priority is to get your hands free so you can potentially fight back. Second priority is to assess the situation to see if fighting back is a good idea.
If you can fight whoever it is, do so. Even if you have to run back into the temple to steal those legendary swords and use them to fight.

Once the enemy has been driven off or killed, get Tidol to a healer. That wound doesn't look immediately fatal.
>>
No. 858838 ID: 91ee5f

>>858822
NOOOOOOO!!!!!

>>858836
All of this!

Hell hath no fury like a woman denied her Harvest dance!
>>
No. 858839 ID: a633c6

Sure is nice making suggestions knowing nothing about what's happening literally right in front of our faces. First order of business is make sure they don't bleed out, keep pressure on the wound and don't pull or the knife or sword or whatever we should be able to see and end up unblocking blood flow.
>>
No. 858843 ID: 33cbe7

Is that a knife in your throat or are you just happy to see me?
>>
No. 858851 ID: fda98a

I literaly went for like 10 minutes and shit happens!
That is the worst place for a wound, especially the one that involves the weapon still stuck in the body.
>>858839
This is the most sensible aproach.
>>
No. 858861 ID: 3643e8

I did find the icons of him and her sister to be too similar and was hoping for a solution... But that was not the solution I was hoping!
>>
No. 858871 ID: 65a774
File 151614923455.png - (88.37KB , 700x550 , 15.png )
858871

>...What?
:EmaFoS: …w-w-what?
:TidolFoS: *Grugle*…

>First order of business is make sure they don't bleed out, keep pressure on the wound and don't pull or the knife or sword or whatever we should be able to see and end up unblocking blood flow.
You drop Tidol to his knees to free up your hands, so you can use your cloak to apply pressure to his wound to try and stop the bleeding.
:EmaFoS: D-don’t you d-dare g-give up!
…but it’s futile. The bolt pierced his spine and you feel how his life leaves him in your arms. He is dead…
:EmaFoS: …T-Tidol?
Tidol…Tidol is dead…

>Assess the situation to see if fighting back is a good idea.
You look up only to see Sonya run towards you, being chased by cloaked figures. She doesn’t get far before they managed to catch her and throws her to the ground.
:SonyaFoS: AH!! GET O- *Gurgle*
With one quick motion, the pursuer cuts her throat badly, ensuring that she’ll bleed out in seconds. The second figure is already approaching you at a fast pace, wielding a wicked looking scythe and… Corvaks decapitated head…
:CloakFoS: Kas kantaga!
A third figure appears from the shadows, dragging the corpse of whom you think is Tola… and it’s wielding a weird looking mechanical apparatus, loading with one of the large bolts that k-killed… killed Tidol…

>Hell hath no fury like a woman denied her Harvest dance!
…You… you’ve n-never fought like this b-before… and… and they slaughtered them all just… just like that… oh goddesses…
>If you can fight whoever it is, do so. Even if you have to run back into the temple to steal those legendary swords and use them to fight.
The Town! You… you need to warn the town! Or… or lead them away from the town! You can’t… can’t lead them to… to…

:CloakFoS: KATAGA!
The scythe wielding cloaked figure is moving towards you and the one with the raged weapon seems to be taking aim. You need to act fast or you’ll join your friends…
>>
No. 858873 ID: 3ce125

>>858871
Run into the forest, lose them in the trees!
>>
No. 858875 ID: ad51b8

weeeellllll this seems to be over your head by about a mile, Time to run like hell! Remember to try and put as many trees between you and them as possible to not only hopefully slow them down (those cloaks are bound to catch on something if they run through the woods) and to keep mister arrow asshole from getting a clear shot on you.
>>
No. 858878 ID: 094652

crap crap crap hide trees jump climb NOW NOW NOW
>>
No. 858881 ID: 33cbe7

Ah, so it's that kind of harvest, huh. I see.
Run away like a good pheasant, now!
>>
No. 858882 ID: a633c6

You have to run back to the village and arm yourself.
>>
No. 858884 ID: fda98a

Wait! The temple, you can take the swords and warn Ilena. At least you will have something to defend yourself, even if you don't know how to. Have you ever wielded a sowrd before?
>>
No. 858904 ID: 91ee5f

>>858871
Remember how you heard that voice in the temple and one of the swords started moving? I think that’s the goddesses telling you to take the Justice sword a strike down these wicked people!

And remember what Elder Ilena said: The sword is for striking down the wicked in the name of Justice, so when you kill these guys, don’t do it out of revenge for your friends!

.....of course, in order to do any of that, you’ve gotta actually get to the sword! So run as fast as you can!
>>
No. 858925 ID: fe7355

The thought crosses your mind of hauling Tidol's body up and carrying him on your back by his arms over your shoulders to act as a shield. But while that would protect from bolts, even with your strength it would likely slow you down enough for that scythe wielding fucker to catch up and reach around your neck with their blade. You also probably don't have enough time to pick up his body and get it positioned before they shoot, and it'd also be time the scythe wielder will close distance with you which you won't get back. Unfortunately, you have to leave Tidol's body here to have a chance to successfully flee.

Get to your feet and move so that you put the scythe wielding one between you and the one with the bolt launcher, then sprint into the forest towards the village. Keep trees between you and the shooter and if you have to cross a open space juke from side to side random distances. If you know of any brier patches or thickets on the way, then skirt them in the hopes the scythe wielder gets their robes caught on the thorns and slowed down.

And don't think that you'll be leading them to the village. If they don't already know about it, there's a path back there, or at least a trail left by you and your friends. And even if there isn't, they'll figure y'all have to come from somewhere in walking distance and search that way anyway.

Did you see that wisp trail up from Corvaks' head to the scythe wielder's face? What was that? ...His soul? Did they eat his soul? Oh, no...

I figured there'd be some kind of massacre to this intro to the heroine's story. I was thinking "doomed hometown" trope, but should have figured her friends and love interest would be the ones to get killed since they had more screen time. Now, based on what Elder Ilena was reading when Ema entered the temple, I'm wondering if the berry picking was a setup to put them out here as a sacrifice to appease the metal men. Maybe by Mr. Thorson alone, maybe with Elder Ilena, or maybe the whole hamlet is in on it and they've been making secret sacrifices of their own for ages to protect themselves. Anyway, lets see how it turns out.

Oh, and I also have a hunch that the choice of what to pray for chose who would survive this story's intro. Like, if we chose "love," or maybe "lust," then Tidol (or Tola) would have lived through it. I just hope that even though we didn't choose "Good health" that Ema will live through this, and in a way we won't dislike.
>>
No. 858977 ID: 3643e8

Ok, you are strong, and Tidol is small, can you carry his body without slowing you much? You are more likely to convince the town about this with him, also I think it sounds as something someone might do in a panic.

Anyway, run trough the woods, it gives you cover and is harder to swing a long scythe in there.
>>
No. 859077 ID: 35089a

we prayed for like the protection of our friends and stuff the gods suck
>>
No. 859081 ID: cc5f4f

>>859077
Oh my gosh! You are absolutely right!
While prayers don't often have instantaneously effect, they usually prevent stuff like this huge catastrophe from happening instantly after. This is either a really untimely misfortune coinciding with your prayer or the gods themselves are dicks.
>>
No. 859082 ID: 6780f5

The gods are dicks. Go take their swords.
>>
No. 859106 ID: fda98a

>>859082
When are they not dicks?
>>
No. 859108 ID: 65a774
File 151621028698.png - (85.37KB , 700x550 , 16.png )
859108

>Ok, you are strong, and Tidol is small, can you carry his body without slowing you much?
While you might be able to carry him without problem, the simple act of bending down and picking him up will give those things enough time to cut your head off… or put a bolt in your forehead, whatever come first. No, you need to act now or die!
>Run into the forest, lose them in the trees!
You practically throw yourself off the path as another bolt barely nicks one of your fins. You were simply lucky, as it seem they expected you to run through the less dense foliage and aimed there, but instead you used your superior strength to simple barrel through the closes opening in the trees, bushes and pain be damned.

Then you run… run as never before. You can hear them trying to follow you, but the thick foliage makes it hard for them to pursue in any kind of decent speed. Soon enough, the sound of your pursuer disappears completely, yet still you run… you run until your legs can run no more… and then you listen.

Nothing… everything is quiet…



They must have lost you… they must have… right? They ca-
Then you hear it… another scream in the distance… they must have found someone else… oh goddesses…

>Did you see that wisp trail up from Corvaks' head to the scythe wielder's face? What was that? ...His soul? Did they eat his soul? Oh, no...
What were those things!? Demons!? They can’t have eaten his… soul… can they?
>We prayed for like the protection of our friends and stuff the gods suck.
Fuck the goddesses… how dare they do this to you… to us! FUCK THEM!
>And don't think that you'll be leading them to the village. If they don't already know about it, there's a path back there, or at least a trail left by you and your friends.
The hamlet! Oh fuck! The scream, they must have… they can’t… not that fast… you… you must warn them!
>>
No. 859109 ID: 65a774
File 151621029696.png - (54.33KB , 700x550 , 17.png )
859109

You make your way as fast as you can towards the village… luckily, you had already been running towards it before… but when you arrive you’re met with a horrific sight. As you come up on the hill that the old temple stands on, you’re greeted by the corpse of the elder. Her decapitated body is filled with bolts and is slumped against the temple doors. Looking out over the hamlet all you can see is destruction and agony. There is at least another dozen of those robed things down there… and they are lighting all the buildings on fire. The main square is filled with corpses of people you knew, mutilated beyond recognition… oh goddesses… mom… dad… they… t-they can’t be… your house… it’s burning like the rest… they… t-they can’t…

“Justice…”

:EmaFoS: …what?

“Bring them Justice…”

:EmaFoS: : …who… who are you?

“Ema… use us… punish the guilty…”

From inside the temple you can hear something fall down hard unto the marble floor… it must have been the swords. Oh gods… you’ve never even held a sword, how are you-
Your thoughts are interrupted as you hear the small wooden gate suited near the path behind the temple shatter. The one who attacked you in the forest have arrived here as well… but… they still don’t know you’re here. The ones down in the hamlet proper haven’t notice you either... but… if you try to grab the swords they’ll… they’ll have you cornered for sure. You… you can still run, can’t you? You can flee… and live… or go grab the swords… and…. and…

“Justice…”

Run or Fight?
>>
No. 859110 ID: 4854ef

This is all you have ever known, your family, your friends.. Murdered by beings that seem to take an almost bored looking tone to their killing as if they were just threshing the fields.

Do you desire to let them go? Without them paying the price for what they've done?
>>
No. 859112 ID: fda98a

Where would you go if you run? What would you do? Would it be worth it? Will you be able to live with of this and the thought of you having done nothing about it? Do you think this will stop here? There are lots of other inocent lives that can be taken, that can be harvested, and eventualy they will find you, no matter where you go. The spirit of Justice is giving you a chance make things diferent. The gods might have fail you, but there is stil another way. Pik up the swords and face this evil. Not for revenge, but for retribution. failure would be as bad as living with the guilt of having done nothing.
>>
No. 859114 ID: 91ee5f

>>859109
>Run or Fight?
Take the swords and fight!

And as hard as it may be, don’t strike these guys down out of revenge for your friends and family! Instead, when you fight, strike them down in the name of justice for all the terrible things they’ve done!
>>
No. 859116 ID: b15da4

Run, run away.
>>
No. 859118 ID: 6780f5

Fight.
>>
No. 859123 ID: 205799

Do not go quietly! Fight!

As a greatest warrior in the universe once said;

"Remember all the pain he's caused, all the people he's hurt, now make that your POWER!"
>>
No. 859126 ID: 3ce125

>>859109
Where would you even go if you ran away? Take the swords.
>>
No. 859135 ID: b32864

If you can stop them here you can make sure no one else will be harmed by these creatures.
>>
No. 859145 ID: 8ef504

>>859109
Fight, damn you!
>>
No. 859149 ID: 65a774
File 151622503430.png - (61.83KB , 700x550 , 18.png )
859149

>Where would you even go if you ran away?
You… you could run off to hamlet of Umstream, it’s just a few hours away… or… or you could follow the river… there’s supposed to be a big city at the end of it… or… o-or… t-the blackroot cave… the one where all those rumors about gold is about… it’s n-not far and… and y-you don’t think they’ll… they’ll find you there…
>Would it be worth it? Will you be able to live with this and the thought of you having done nothing about it? Do you think this will stop here? There are lots of other innocent lives that can be taken, that can be harvested, and eventually they will find you, no matter where you go.
You… y-you can… run… … …y-you… can’t…

>This is all you have ever known, your family, your friends… Murdered by beings that seem to take an almost bored looking tone to their killing as if they were just threshing the fields.
…they… this… this can’t continue… y-you… you need to stop them…
>"Remember all the pain he's caused, all the people he's hurt, now make that your POWER!"
Turning your fear and grief into fury, you open the gates to the temple and seal your fate.

>Take the swords and fight!
You bend down to pick up the bigger sword, as bigger is better after all, but somehow you manage to cut yourself on the blade.

:EmaFoS: Ow!
“Bound in blood…”
:EmaFoS: Wha-
“Sealed in death.”
>>
No. 859150 ID: 65a774
File 151622504475.png - (51.72KB , 700x550 , 19.png )
859150

Any response you were trying to make quickly disappears as the doors to the temple are forced open. One of those things must have seen you enter, as they now have you cornered. The one with the oddly shaped shooting apparatus raises it to take aim but is stopped by the robed figure next to it.

:CloakFoS: Fose ge tagarana. Fensa forteg kata.
:CloakFoS: Keso? Forteg?
:CloakFoS: Forteg kata gat.

The second cloaked figure gesture to a third, before pushing it towards you as it speaks.

:CloakFoS: Kataga et gat!

The third figure takes a few hesitate steps towards you and raises its small… err…scythe? It seems almost unused… especially compared to the others weapons who are all bathed in blood. As this third figure stops several steps from you, the second one speaks up once again.

:CloakFoS: KATAGA! KATAGA!

…both of you just stand there, weapons in hand, and look at each other…
>>
No. 859152 ID: 6780f5

Smite
>>
No. 859153 ID: a633c6

Do unto others.
>>
No. 859155 ID: 4854ef

They are likely setting up an initiate with his first kill, they seem to want his first kill to be you it seems, a trapped cornered prey that would be easy for a newcomer.
>>
No. 859157 ID: a633c6

oh also pick up your second weapon.
>>
No. 859160 ID: fda98a

Grab the small sword too, you might need it later. Somthing is off about that one with the clean scythe. This might sound crazy and i might be wrong, but i would advise not to kill that one, if posible. He doesn't seem as far gone as the others. Maybe we can "save" him. If he hasn't kill anyone yet, it would be wrong to kill an "inocent". Then again, i am not sure.
>>
No. 859161 ID: 8ef504

>>859150
RUN: COMBAT
ENGAGE: VIOLENCE
>>
No. 859162 ID: 91ee5f

>>859150
>Hesitating
>No blood on weapon
Uh oh, I think he might be considered “innocent” since he hasn’t killed anyone! And if the legends of your 2 swords are to be believed, your swords are meant to protect the innocent, so you might not be able to hurt this guy!

Also, don’t lose hope! There could be someone still alive and hiding in the village! You can protect them by getting rid of these guys!
>>
No. 859168 ID: 3ce125

>>859150
Wait. This one has not participated in the bloodshed. I think the others are trying to get it to kill you, because it hasn't done so yet. Wait for it to attack first, because attacking someone who isn't willing to fight is not just at all.

Also this guy is some sort of plant monster inside the armor. Don't expect it to have the same body parts as you. I think you should take this opportunity to peel away the disguise and reveal what parts of its body are vulnerable.

Starting off with one sword might be easier on you.
>>
No. 859170 ID: 33cbe7

Poke him right in the eye slot.
>>
No. 859173 ID: 91ee5f

>>859162
Maybe you can scare him away?

Try making a scary face at him and then threaten him by saying, “Leave now while you’re still innocent or I will kill you!”
>>
No. 859190 ID: 65a774
File 151623478224.png - (61.59KB , 700x550 , 20.png )
859190

>Grab the small sword too, you might need it later.
You can barely hold the sword you already have with your shaking hands. Picking up the other one will have to wait.
>They are likely setting up an initiate with his first kill, they seem to want his first kill to be you it seems, a trapped cornered prey that would be easy for a newcomer.
Then you’ll have to teach them that you’re no easy prey. You will become the hunter, and they the fresh kill.
>This might sound crazy and I might be wrong, but I would advise not to kill that one, if possible. He doesn't seem as far gone as the others.
It seems to hesitate for a long while… then it lifts its weapon and starts to advance towards you. It might not want to do it, but it seems to be forced to… maybe… maybe you might convince it to… to…
>Try making a scary face at him and then threaten him by saying…
:EmaFoS: L-Leave now while y-you’re still innocent or… or…. or I will kill y-you!
…the cloaked thing ignores you. Instead, it readies itself to strike as it getting close to you.

>Do unto others.
…yet… they killed them…
>Smite!
They slaughtered your friends… your… family…
>ENGAGE: VIOLENCE!
You cannot let it stand! You charge towards it and before it can react, you plunge the blade through its skull, killing it instantly…
>>
No. 859191 ID: 65a774
File 151623479302.png - (61.81KB , 700x550 , 21.png )
859191

…or it would have died, if it was human. Instead, it simply ignores the blade and grabs your throat. Its strength is beyond this world, as without effort it pries you lose from the sword and lift you up from the ground.

:CloakFoS: I’m sorry for this…
>>
No. 859194 ID: 65a774
File 151623493899.png - (43.89KB , 700x550 , 22.png )
859194

>>
No. 859200 ID: 094652

You didn't hit the weak spot! Grab the sword and pull it down until one of you is dead!
>>
No. 859201 ID: 65a774
File 151623570830.png - (32.98KB , 700x550 , 23.png )
859201

:CloakFoS: May your soul go in peace… unlike the rest of those that died here…

The thing leaves as you are laying on the ground… your body twitching a bit as your life leaves your body…

…you have died.
>>
No. 859202 ID: 65a774
File 151623572409.png - (48.82KB , 700x550 , 24.png )
859202

Final Stats

Kills: 0
Items: 2
Secrets: 0
Consumed: 0

Allies: 0
Enemies: 1
Forms: 0

Cheeses: 0
Grains of Dust: 0
Mating Presses: 0

Killed by: Cloaked Harvester.

Final rating: F.
>>
No. 859208 ID: ad51b8

gg
>>
No. 859209 ID: 3abd97

I hope this is a timeloop quest and not an undead quest.
>>
No. 859210 ID: 3ce125

>>859202
Ok, now what.
>>
No. 859212 ID: a7f739

That was fucking stupid.
>>
No. 859213 ID: 094652

I vote for the Souls[Bloodborne] route.
>>
No. 859221 ID: 67d5dc

On the plus side, we know what the collectables are now. I bet there's a cheese in the starting room that we missed.
>>
No. 859251 ID: 91ee5f

>>859202
Welp, we tried.

I guess it’s time for Vic to choose a different game to play with Xi.

.....what? It’s kinda obvious this is the game that we chose to play in the arcade over in Boldly Coming. Legends of Risavia might’ve looked like a Strange Bedfellows sequel, but it’s actually a game within the Boldly Coming arcade.

>>
No. 859286 ID: fe7355

"Bound in blood. Sealed in death." The sword did not say who's death would seal its pact with Ema. Perhaps it is her death that fulfills the and this is not over yet. Tidol did say the previous wielder of the blades was a immortal spirit of justice who wakes when great injustice happens and eats the souls of the guilty. Sounds rather like a avenging undead, doesn't it?

>>859251
That thought did cross my mind more than once, but Kaktus has been known to throw curve balls before so maybe it wasn't the VR arcade game. Best to play it seriously, just in case. We'll see what it actually was tomorrow.

However, if this was the VR arcade game, then where was Xi? It was supposed to be a shared, multi-player game between them, right? So where was Xi? If she's played this before, I'd figure she'd know who to pick and what to do to at least not get cut down in the very beginning of the game, and that she'd seek out Vic's character to group up with.

>>
No. 859289 ID: 91ee5f

>>859286
>Sounds rather like a avenging undead, doesn't it?
I’m getting lots of Rust vibes from this. Eve might end up being the new Jericho in this quest!

>Best to play it seriously, just in case. We'll see what it actually was tomorrow.
Yeah, you’re right.
>>
No. 859291 ID: 91ee5f

>>859286
>However, if this was the VR arcade game, then where was Xi? It was supposed to be a shared, multi-player game between them, right? So where was Xi? If she's played this before, I'd figure she'd know who to pick and what to do to at least not get cut down in the very beginning of the game, and that she'd seek out Vic's character to group up with.
Xi never said they’d be on the same team. And she could’ve been Tidol, the guy that just killed us, or someone else that got killed before we could meet up with them.
>>
No. 859295 ID: 4e4a19

Online RPG and we just got raided. Maybe this is Rishi playing Q&Q?
That or we get rise again from the ashes of our home and the ones we love, to roam the world seeking justice and defending the helpless or some shit.
>>
No. 859301 ID: fda98a

This was the worst run i have ever had in a RPG.
>>
No. 859312 ID: 35089a

LOL TPK git good nuubs
>>
No. 859325 ID: 01134a

what was that voice that got us kill with false hope?
>>
No. 859355 ID: 33cbe7

>>859325
Every single one that thought the power of tropes would bless them if they fought.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password