[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 859412)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 151629994747.png - (173.66KB , 700x550 , 1.png )
859412 No. 859412 ID: 65a774

“They now lay waiting for their new fate to come. They wait for the feast of souls to begin.”
-The Chronicler.

Wiki and prologue: https://tgchan.org/wiki/First_Day_of_Harvest
Discussion thread (for now, at least): https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/92354.html
Expand all images
>>
No. 859417 ID: 65a774
File 151630006653.png - (70.35KB , 700x550 , 2.png )
859417

…you are hungry.
…and lost.

You’ve been wandering this forest for days now, completely lost… yet… there is something familiar about them. You can’t put your finger on it but something about them reminds you of… of…
Pain pulses through your head as you try to remember… yet you come up empty handed. Who are you? Why are you here? You remember… dying…

And how hungry you are…

You remember you heart being pierced by a spear… and… you were decapitated by an axe…yet… you were also hanged… and burned at the pyre? Sometimes you are a man… others times… you’re a woman… how… how can you remember… you can’t die more than once, can you?

Your stomach growl in agreement…

You look towards your swords as if asking for guidance, but you are met with only silence… then, as on que, the wind changes direction… and the unmistakable smell of civilization hits your nostrils. There must be a city nearby… and a city means-
Your thoughts are interrupted as you hear a woman scream for help nearby. You can hear how she gets muffled and then how the foliage gets disturbed. If you hurry, you might catch up with them before they are gone… but, do you really want to look for trouble like that?

:SwordFoS: Find the guilty… and feed…

Do you follow the smell to the city… or the call for help into trouble? Either way, you’re bound to find people… and someone to eat…
…you’re so hungry.

Apparently I’ve lost access to the wiki, so I can’t change the wiki page for “First day of harvest” to “A Feast of Souls”, but I’ll see what I can do.
>>
No. 859420 ID: 2fe26a

Follow that call for help and help yourself.
>>
No. 859421 ID: 094652

Ooh, bandits! And they're taking a hostage! Or not. And you're an undead killing machine and they're not! Free food!

Salivate as you charge. Will they taste like deep-fried breaded pheasant? Or maybe triple-glazed honey cobbler with chocolate chips? Or will they be plain as rice and nourishing as water?
>>
No. 859423 ID: fda98a

Ok, so we are back again, but we are not longer Ema, at least not entirely? Well if you don't know who you are anymore, might as well call yourself Justice, that is your roll now after all. And speaking of justice, someone is in need of some of it. Take your swords and let's go hunting! Let's try to sneak up to the place where you heard that scream.
>>
No. 859426 ID: 91ee5f

>>859417
Go help the woman. She’s innocent and you need to protect her. And whoever is attacking her is guilty and you need to punish them.
>>
No. 859430 ID: 3ce125

>>859417
Looking for trouble is your PURPOSE. Protect the innocent. Punish the guilty.
>>
No. 859443 ID: 4c106e

>>859417
Hunt down the black souls of the wicked.
Purify them with steel and hunger.
Protect the weak and innocent
>>
No. 859445 ID: 4c106e

I absolutely should not have watched Devilman Crybaby before playing this.
>>
No. 859446 ID: ad51b8

to the women I guess.
>>
No. 859459 ID: 65a774
File 151631658292.png - (55.15KB , 700x550 , 3.png )
859459

>We are no longer Ema, at least not entirely?
Ema… Ema… why… why does that sound so… familiar? A dozen names flashes through your mind yet… Ema sticks out… you… you remember someone… a smith… a smith that called you Ema… Is that your name?
>Ooh, bandits! And they're taking a hostage! And you're an undead killing machine and they're not! Free food!
Undead… you… you’ve died yet you live? You… you must be some kind of undead? But… what kind? You don’t look like a zombie… or a skeleton… you just look like… you?

>Let's try to sneak up to the place where you heard that scream.
Walking as quietly as you can, you reach the point of origin of the scream. There, you find a large dirt road, a well-used one at that, that’s probably leading to the city you smelled. Looking around, you can see some obvious signs of struggle as well as the telltale marks of someone being dragged away deeper in the woods. It won’t be hard to follow them.

Soon enough, you find yourself at the edge of a clearing not far from the road. In it, you spot three figures standing near the other edge of it. The first is a rather plump Varkian female, whom is currently tied to a tree. The second is a Sakkilian male who has a small crossbow fasten to his side. For some reason you can’t help but feel a burning hatred for that crossbow... oh, and the third figure is a male Varkian wielding a dagger… a Varkian with a deranged look in his eye who can’t stop giggling to himself. Before you can do anything the Sakkilian starts to speak.

:NonFoS: Well, she didn’t have squat on her. The only thing of value is her instrument and I don’t think we can pawn that off anytime soon.
:NonFoS: Heh, then the only thing she’s good is being cut up! Can’t wait to feed those eyeballs to you, bitch!
:NonFoS: Mff?
:NonFoS: Hey, hey, take it easy. Don’t just cut her open like an animal.
:NonFoS: Mff…
:NonFoS: At least let me cut out her lungs first so I can cook them up.
:NonFoS: MFF!?
:NonFoS: Hehe, what the fuck, man? Why would you want to eat her lungs?
:NonFoS: Because you heard her singing voice, right? I want to be able to that to, so I’m eating her lungs to see if I can inherit it.
:NonFoS: Heh… geez, you lizards have weird customs. Hehe… no matter… then I’ll just start with that pretty face of hers!

>Will they taste like deep-fried breaded pheasant? Or maybe triple-glazed honey cobbler with chocolate chips? Or will they be plain as rice and nourishing as water?
The one tied to the tree smells plain and boring. Eatable, but not a very tasty meal. The other two on the other hand… they simply smell divine. There is so much blood and guilt blemishing their souls. You start to salivate just thinking about consuming one of them… and your tummy growls in anticipation of being filled. Don’t you worry, one of them will soon find their new home in you…


:NonFoS: Why do you want to cut her up so badly, anyway?
:NonFoS: Hehe, it’s because a bitch like here that I’m here eating bark in the fucking woods. Heh… can’t stand seeing those things anymore… they all need to pay! Hehe, they will taste my vengeance, they will! Heh…
:NonFoS: hmfp mff…

…and one of them is apparently mad as well. Even tastier… you really want that Varkian in your tummy now…

>Protect the innocent. Punish the guilty.
…none of them are exactly innocent… but the perfectly pure are few and far between. The one tied to the tree is at least no murderer, and as you can only probably eat one of them, even as hungry as you are, you guess she’ll be considered innocent enough to be protected.

Now, how do you do this… you not only want to protect the one tied to the tree, you’d want to catch as least one of them alive so you can consume them. You can’t feast on dead meat. The only things you have on you are your two swords, a long and a short one, as well as your… touch. Somehow, you just know that your touch at times can paralyze people for a little while… especially if you touch their exposed heads. Though, even if you are a better warrior than them, they still outnumber you… and that crossbow… you really don’t like it…

:NonFoS: I’m going for a piss. Don’t start cutting her up before I’m back, you hear.
:NonFoS: Hehe… fine, fine… spoilsport…

…well, the Sakkilian with the crossbow just walked into the woods, separating them. Now is the time to strike.
>>
No. 859464 ID: 3ce125

>>859459
Make a noise in the bushes. Lure him over. Then grab his head. Let's see if we can consume both of the bandits.
>>
No. 859467 ID: 33cbe7

Well it's not like you've had time to rot.
Go after the one in the woods first. Paralyze him, then bind and gag him.
>>
No. 859468 ID: 91ee5f

>>859459
>you remember someone…a smith…a smith that called you Ema…
That would be your mother. She’s the one that named you Ema.

>For some reason you can’t help but feel a burning hatred for that crossbow...
Not that crossbow specifically, but crossbows in general because one was used to shoot Tidol, the person you loved, in front of your eyes and you couldn’t anything to save him.

>…and one of them is apparently mad as well. Even tastier…you really want that Varkian in your tummy now…
>…well, the Sakkilian with the crossbow just walked into the woods, separating them. Now is the time to strike.
Sneak up to the Mad Varkian hold his beak shut with your hand, to keep him quiet and to paralyze him. Then feast on his soul!

Then go after the other guy and catch him with his pants down! And then kill him!
>>
No. 859493 ID: fda98a

>>859468
Yeah, pretty much this, let's see if we can eat the second on as well.
The problem is: are you going to eat the soul, or you need to eat the flesh as well?
The second option seems more complex and laborious, less practical.
>>
No. 859505 ID: 29ac0e

>>859459
Time to go slasher on these creeps.
Stealth consume bird freak, then go carve up the lizard.
>>
No. 859517 ID: 094652

Always remember: You are never one of the innocent.

The more you kill, the less protection you receive from your karmic favor, but saving innocents should earn you some favor. Of course, the souls you eat should provide evolutionary advantages, a true version of cannibalism enhancement that the one lung-hungry bandit yearns for. Maybe you should start with him-

Oh who are you kidding, TITS OR GTFO! Keep the one on the left alive, she may believe her 'beauty' keeps her pure but it just makes her such a [large]tender[large] feast.
>>
No. 859522 ID: 830fb7

Sneak up on the Sakkilian And paralyse him before coming back to the other and eating the Varkian, you can free the one attached to the tree and tie up the Sakkilian for later.
>>
No. 859523 ID: ef4275

>>859493
Basically this, if consuming is too loud/long, then just kill him, feed on the other one
>>
No. 859586 ID: 830fb7

>>859523
Well if it would take too long we could always just stun both and then tie up the salsakkilian then go on with eating the Varkian.
>>
No. 859623 ID: fe7355

Okay, what are the odds your paralyzing touch will work, either touching the target's head or not? Does it have to in direct contact with skin or would it work through a layer of clothing? And how short is "a little while?" And is the paralysis total, including vocal chords, or will the effected still be able to speak? Does it have a cooldown between uses?

What does feeding entail? Do you just suck out the soul or does some amount of flesh need to be consumed as well? And how quick and how quiet is the process? Are you immobilized while engaged in it or unable to stop midway, or can you break off if you're under threat?

And how stealthy and quiet are you moving? Not that much, right? You're tall and strong but not light of foot, yeah? Best not to make any plans that hinge entirely on creeping up right behind a target. Expect you'll have to make a sprint forward moment they start to turn to look towards you.

Best to move around the perimeter under cover to where the Sakkilian is, sneak up behind him, and quickly hold his muzzle shut and slice his throat. That'll take out the risk of a bolt possibly hitting you in the... neck... Tidol... No... Um... Anyway. Make sure to grab the guy by the belt and collar and lower him down against the tree so he doesn't make a load of noise falling down. Then approach the Vark with a tree obscuring you so he'll think it's his associate's footsteps until you're closer, then spring on him, blades drawn. Aim to disarm and cripple, then eat the Vark's soul once he's down, stabbing him through the heart after to make it look like he died from that. If eating his soul would be noisy, haul him away from the lady Vark to do it.

But, in the case you go for the Vark guy first, make sure to pick him up after paralyzing him, move to where a tree blocks the aim of the Sakkilian and back into the underbrush's cover. Then eat his soul before circling around behind the Sakkilian to strike.

And once you deal with these highwaymen, before you remove the Vark lady's blindfold, make sure to examine yourself, feel your face and head and check what your voice sounds like. If you've got holes in places they blatantly shouldn't be or sound like a croaking corpse, she's gonna freak out.
>>
No. 859633 ID: 65a774
File 151636671008.png - (47.71KB , 700x550 , 4.png )
859633

>Well it's not like you've had time to rot.
…you haven’t? You’re not even sure how long you’ve been wandering out here… or what day it is… or year…
>That would be your mother. She’s the one that named you Ema.
Your mother... a smith… calling you Ema… and your father… little opal…
>Make sure to examine yourself, feel your face and head and check what your voice sounds like.
You look like you… a blue scaled Sakkilian… and you sound like you as well… you think?
>Are you going to eat the soul, or you need to eat the flesh as well?
:SwordFoS: Flesh is the prison of the soul. Dead flesh is useless. Consume their flesh or their soul will escape.

>Not that crossbow specifically, but crossbows in general because one was used to shoot Tidol, the person you loved, in front of your eyes and you couldn’t anything to save him.
…who is Tidol? You can’t remember anyone named that… but you can remember the pain of being pierced by a bolt. The pain as the wood and steel pierces your hide, forcing your body to tear itself into shreds… wait, bolts aren’t supposed to do that, are they?
>Always remember: You are never one of the innocent.
:SwordFoS: You are Justice. As long as you feed to protect others, your soul will be clean from darkness, though never truly pure.

>If it would take too long we could always just stun both.
You can’t stun people for more than a few seconds at the time… and your touch needs a lot of time to recharge its energy. You can only paralyze one of them once.
>Go after the one in the woods first. Paralyze him, then bind and gag him.
You don’t have anything to bind him with… with the exceptions of your clothes, but you rather not remove them. You’re freezing as it is already.
>Let's see if we can eat the second one as well.
:SwordFoS: Gluttony is a dark stain upon your soul.

>Make a noise in the bushes. Lure him over.
:NonFoS: Heh, don’t think I hear you hiding over there… come out and show yourself, hehe…
:NonFoS: Mff?
:NonFoS: Huh? Of course I’m not going over there and check. I’m not stupid, hehe.
:NonFoS: Mff…
:NonFoS: Hehe… it’s either a woodland animal which means I don’t need to care about it, or there someone in the bushes trying to trick me. Heh, they can’t trick me, I’m too clever for that, hehe…

Well… that didn’t go as planned.

>Best to move around the perimeter under cover to where the Sakkilian is.
:NonFoS: Hey! I can hear you moving around out there! Come out so I can stab yah! Stab stab!
>>
No. 859634 ID: 65a774
File 151636671954.png - (63.23KB , 700x550 , 5.png )
859634

>Go after the other guy and catch him with his pants down!
You managed to get around the clearing without either of them noticing you… well, noticing your exact location. The Varkian is still yelling threats to where you originally where, while you catch the Sakkilian just as he is pulling his pants up.

:NonFoS: Dammit Gev, what are you yelling about this ti-
>>
No. 859635 ID: 65a774
File 151636672785.png - (77.22KB , 700x550 , 6.png )
859635

>And then kill him!
:NonFoS: *Cough*Gurgle*

Your blade cuts through his spine and skull as if it was water, killing him on the spot.

:NonFoS: Henry! Hehe, what’s taking so damn long!? Get back out here! Quick! I got something for you to shoot! Heh…

>Make sure to grab the guy by the belt and collar and lower him down against the tree so he doesn't make a load of noise falling down.
As you remove your sword from him, you make sure to grab him by the collar and belt to lower him down quietly. But your plan goes askew when the belt, not properly buckled, is pulled out of his pants, which in turn makes the collar around his neck rip from holding up his whole weight. This in turn makes you lose your grip on him completely, ensuring that his whole body lands on the ground with a loud thud. In the end, you probably managed to make more sound than just letting him fall in the first place.

:NonFoS: Henry? Henry, answer me! Are you there!? Get back here now! Henry!? This isn’t funny anymore… I… I’ll cut up those lungs if you don’t answer me right now!
:NonFoS: MFF!!?
:NonFoS: And if it isn’t Henry in there… I… I’ll cut her up even worse! Come out, you coward!

Well, this just got interesting. You don’t think you can sneak up on him when he is this paranoid… and if you just walk up to him he’ll probably kill the female. You’ll need to use your brain for this one if you want her to be still alive.
>>
No. 859637 ID: 094652

Your sword is broken? You'll need to get the tip fixed, that can't be healthy for the enchantments.

Your current resources:
You, your clothes, two swords, and a corpse.

Seems straightforward enough. Throw the corpse into the enemy to disorient them, and kill the one that was hit. Then just disarm and devour the other.
>>
No. 859639 ID: 830fb7

Use his friends crossbow on him to cripple him but not kill him then you can just walk up paralise him then eat.
>>
No. 859641 ID: ef4275

Shoot the other dude in the elbow with the sword if you think you can manage it, then rush him, or you can try the knee furthest form the hostage to make him trip that side, or if you don't have the aim, then you'll kinda have to shoot him in the center of mass and hope for the best
>>
No. 859644 ID: 91ee5f

>>859635
>Well, this just got interesting. You don’t think you can sneak up on him when he is this paranoid…and if you just walk up to him he’ll probably kill the female. You’ll need to use your brain for this one if you want her to be still alive.
This is why you were supposed to sneak up to the Varkian first. Taking him out would’ve eliminated the danger of being close to the hostage!

Guess you’ve got no choice but to try and shoot him with the crossbow. Just make sure you shoot him somewhere that won’t kill him, but will disable him from trying to attack the hostage.

>>859637
>Your sword is broken?
No, it’s not. It’s just imbedded into the tree.
>>
No. 859656 ID: fda98a

Hey Ema, remember that thing you said once about breaking boundaries of the puzzle to finish it?
This is a perfect example. You have a lot of tools a your disposal to finish this little game. Try to use that crossbow on the bird's leg to cripple it. You can use his friend's boddy to distract him, while you take an diferent shoting position in the oposite direction.
>>
No. 859661 ID: 33cbe7

>grabbing the belt of someone who's undoing their pants
Tgchan makes good decisions.

Shoot the other one with the crossbow with the intent to cripple him. Should your aim strike too true, this is your punishment for hubris.
>>
No. 859668 ID: 91ee5f

>>859633
>You don’t have anything to bind him with…with the exceptions of your clothes, but you rather not remove them. You’re freezing as it is already.
Then it's time to listen to your instincts and start packing on the pounds so that you can keep yourself warm while the weather outside continues to get colder. Extra fat means your body will retain heat and you won't be as cold as you would be without it. Maybe a familiar thought will help Ema remember something?

>You are Justice. As long as you feed to protect others, your soul will be clean from darkness, though never truly pure.
>Gluttony is a dark stain upon your soul.
Make up your fucking mind! You want Ema to feed to protect others, but if there’s multiple enemies, you won’t let her feed on all of them to protect others? It’s almost like you’re holding her back by preventing her from carrying out Justice on multiple guilty people.
>>
No. 859673 ID: 3ce125

>>859635
Using the crossbow seems like it could work. Shoot him in one of his limbs. Then you can just walk up to him and consume his soul.

Also possible: using his friend's decapitated head as a projectile. Throw it at his face to knock him out/over.
>>
No. 859677 ID: 65a774
File 151638807312.png - (61.47KB , 700x550 , 7.png )
859677

>Your sword is broken? You'll need to get the tip fixed, that can't be healthy for the enchantments.
It’s just embedded in the tree, not broken. Besides, as the sword itself has said…
:SwordFoS: JUSTICE CANNOT BE BROKEN!
>Make up your fucking mind! You want Ema to feed to protect others, but if there’s multiple enemies, you won’t let her feed on all of them to protect others?
:SwordFoS: Slaughter the guilty, but don’t let your hunger and rage dictate who you are, or you’ll be just as guilty as your prey.
>Then it's time to listen to your instincts and start packing on the pounds so that you can keep yourself warm while the weather outside continues to get colder. Extra fat means your body will retain heat and you won't be as cold as you would be without it.
You’ve never been able to really put on weight actually. No matter how much you eat, you always seem to keep your slim figure… and seeing that you’re quite the glutton at times… wait… why did you just… your head hurts…

>This is why you were supposed to sneak up to the Varkian first.
You tried to, but your cunning plan didn’t work.
>Use his friends crossbow on him to cripple him but not kill him.
You’re not touching that thing! That thing belongs in the deepest abyss of Helve, to forever be encased in the never ending ice. You should burn that demon tool as soon as possible. Besides, you have no idea how to aim that thing… or how to load it…

>Your current resources: You, your clothes, two swords, and a corpse. Hey Ema, remember that thing you said once about breaking boundaries of the puzzle to finish it?
Hmm… seems straightforward enough.

:NonFoS: I heard that! You can’t catch me by surpr- VARK!

With your superior strength, you manage to throw the body of this Henry with ease. The Varkian never saw it coming and soon find himself pinned under his former friend’s body. After that, you simply walk up to him as he lies there helplessly.

:NonFoS: I’m going fucking kill you, you lizard cu-
>>
No. 859678 ID: 65a774
File 151638808389.png - (76.27KB , 700x550 , 8.png )
859678

He manage to scream in terror just as the paralyzing touch start to work, which is the last thing he does before his one way trip to your gullet.
Unable to struggle, he goes down your throat quickly. He tastes delicious… and is very filling.
>>
No. 859679 ID: 65a774
File 151638809133.png - (84.44KB , 700x550 , 9.png )
859679

Now, the only question is what to do with the lady tied to the tree. After dealing with your hunger, you’re able to think a bit more clearly about her. It’s clear she doesn’t deserve to be eaten… unless you get really, really hungry.
Huh, it seems like she managed to get the bind around her beak off while you were distracted feeding.

:NonFoS: I-is anyone there? Did y-you take care of those awful knaves?

:NonFoS: Hello? Can I please r-request that you untie me? I… I don’t have any money to reward you with but… err… please?

:NonFoS: Oh! I have room and board in a nearby inn at the city… I… I might be able to get you one as well, if you help me?

:NonFoS: I’ll… eat you out? …or suck you off if you’re a guy or… or… just help me, please! Oh Helve, don’t let it be some monster… don’t let it be a monster… please…
>>
No. 859681 ID: 19f89e

>>859679
"Please calm down. The bandits have been dealt with. I'm going to untie you now. Don't flail around or try to run away, please."
>>
No. 859682 ID: 50d32d

>>859679
>suck you off
>she has a beak

SHE IS TRYING TO KILL Y—I mean politely decline the lady's offer, and follow her to the city. Lots of guilty people there, no doubt, whatever it is they're supposed to be guilty of.
>>
No. 859684 ID: 4854ef

She is not guilty enough to deserve this fate, release her.
>>
No. 859685 ID: 91ee5f

>>859679
Take off her blindfold so that she can see that you’re not a monster. Then untie her and let her lead you back to the city and to the inn.
>>
No. 859687 ID: 1e7aa8

Okay, from now on if we are going to feed then NO ONE we don't want to eat can see us do so.

We've gotten away with it for now but it's going to get us in trouble (assuming we don't become powerfully enough that discovery stops being a problem)
>>
No. 859688 ID: fda98a

OK, two things are clear:
Fisrtly, you are not longuer a normal sakkilian, you are still Ema, but you have sufered a metamorphosis, and your mind has some now knowloge from the past users of the swords, along with some of their personalities, or so it apears.
Secondly, this woman is not pure at all, but inocent enought to not be eaten. Maybe you can straighten her up.
>>
No. 859689 ID: a633c6

Time to find out if your voice works.
>>
No. 859690 ID: 91ee5f

>>859677
>Slaughter the guilty, but don’t let your hunger and rage dictate who you are, or you’ll be just as guilty as your prey.
That’s still not a good enough explanation to not consume multiple guilty souls.

Like, what if Ema can’t kill someone from just stabbing them and the only way to beat them is to consume them? If she runs into a group of those guys, how is she supposed to beat them if she’s only allowed to eat one of them?

I’m only asking in case we run into those guys that killed Ema’s entire village earlier. Because if stabbing them through the head doesn’t work, then she needs to be able to do something to get rid of them if her swords can’t kill them!
>>
No. 859700 ID: ef4275

I feel its more dramatic if you just cut the ropes without taking the blindfold and don't say anything. Just follow her to the inn, you can use a bed to think what happened to you and to star searching your next meal.
>>
No. 859701 ID: 3ce125

>>859679
Introduce yourself as Ema, the Warrior of Justice.
>>
No. 859702 ID: 33cbe7

Justice is blind, right? Take off her blindfold and tie it around your own head.
>>
No. 859711 ID: fe7355

Monster is as monster does and you're no monster. Keep it that way or you will lose yourself forever. Now to helping the lady.

As you remove her blindfold apologize for remaining silent. That was bad of you. Then tell her to give you a minute to untie the rope holding her to the tree. (Cutting it would be wasteful and having a length of rope is useful. Like for binding the wicked.) Then undo he rope binding her wrists. Once she's free, offer your hand in greeting and introduce yourself as Ema Ligiadottir, the one who dealt with those knaves, and ask her name in kind.

And did you see where the lady's instrument went? If so, pick it up and give it to her, telling her that you'd like hearing her lovely singing voice that bandit spoke of once we're safely out of the woods.

>…you haven’t? You’re not even sure how long you’ve been wandering out here… or what day it is… or year…
Examining your clothes, it most likely wasn't years. While your body may have some kind of magical protection, your clothing wouldn't have and would have fallen apart exposed to the elements.

Ah, but there is a way you could find out where you came from, by employing the services of a tracker. You're not exactly light on your feet, so if there hasn't been heavy rains recently they could follow your tracks back. Or you could find out where there's been major tragedy, destruction and injustice lately nearby and you probably arose from there.

>>859690
>Like, what if Ema can’t kill someone from just stabbing them and the only way to beat them is to consume them? If she runs into a group of those guys, how is she supposed to beat them if she’s only allowed to eat one of them?
Thing is, they're made of metal, not flesh. She may not even be able to devour them because of that. They also might not even have souls of their own because they're constructs.

>I’m only asking in case we run into those guys that killed Ema’s entire village earlier. Because if stabbing them through the head doesn’t work, then she needs to be able to do something to get rid of them if her swords can’t kill them!
Going by previous Kaktus quests, try aiming for the heart next time. That's where the undead and construct's cores have been before. But leaving OOC knowledge out, use massive blunt force, such as from a large hammer. Apply that smithing muscle memory of hammering metal to hammer those metal men into flat scrap. Or not do it all herself and try to bring the force of the nation down on them before they spread further.

>>859661
>Tgchan makes good decisions.
It was four in the morning when I wrote that so cut me some slack. I thought he'd have some kind of fly on the front of his pants, like with buttons or something since zippers wouldn't exist in this setting, and still have his belt buckled.
>>
No. 859715 ID: ad51b8

maybe throw the dead body that is still around out of sight so not to give this chick more of a scare then she has already gotten.

Also tell her she really doesn't need to demean herself that much, you were just making sure the area was clear before turning your back to the woods. then untie her I guess, can't be fun being tied to a tree.
>>
No. 859717 ID: fe7355

>>859715
Yeah, definitely drag the Sakkilian's corpse over to the woods and chuck 'em in. That way the lady doesn't have to see a dead Sakkilian with his pants around his ankles and you can say you got rid of the Vark bandit's corpse so she wouldn't have to see the gory mess. Otherwise you'll be hard pressed to explain where the Vark's corpse went. And you can explain the thump of you throwing the corpse at the Vark as you tackling the Vark from behind, if she asks about it. You'll also want to hurry the both of you along to the city with the explanation that this altercation may have attracted more trouble and it's not safe out here.
>>
No. 859720 ID: 65a774
File 151640107710.png - (58.36KB , 700x550 , 10.png )
859720

>Suck you off, she has a beak… SHE IS TRYING TO KILL YOU!
She is? You’re not sure how beaks and sucking have to do with killing… but apparently a male would consider this sucking off as a reward? Hmm… and she said she would eat you? How is that a reward?
>Firstly, you are no longer a normal sakkilian, you are still Ema, but you have suffered a metamorphosis.
You’re pretty sure you’re some kind of undead being… who eats bad people? Hmm… you know, you might want to find more information about just what you are.
>Okay, from now on if we are going to feed then NO ONE we don't want to eat can see us do so.
You’re pretty sure eating people has always been a big no in front of others. It’s rather rude, isn’t it?

>That’s still not a good enough explanation to not consume multiple guilty souls.
Well, is being completely stuffed a good enough explanation? You’re clearly not used to eating something that big and that highwayman was so overfilled with sin that he clearly was a three course meal.
>Like, what if Ema can’t kill someone from just stabbing them and the only way to beat them is to consume them?
Then you’ll simply have to force them down, don’t you? For Justice and all that…
>Monster is as monster does and you're no monster. Keep it that way or you will lose yourself forever.
Eating too much will probably make the line between innocent and food very blurry… of course, going hungry will probably do the same.

>Justice is blind, right? Take off her blindfold and tie it around your own head.
…that’s just silly. You’re pretty sure they don’t mean literally blind.
>Having a length of rope is useful. Like for binding the wicked.
You’ll have to remember to pocket it after you untie her.
>And did you see where the lady's instrument went?
It’s lying against a tree a bit further away with what you assumes is her other belongings. You’ll just let her get that herself, as you rather not go through her stuff without her consent.
>Throw the dead body that is still around out of sight so not to give this chick more of a scare then she has already gotten.
You make sure the other body is out of sight before you do anything else.


>Take off her blindfold so that she can see that you’re not a monster.
You take great care to remove her blindfold carefully, as to not rile her up any further. It takes a few seconds for her eyes to adjust to the light again, but when they do... she just stares at you?

:EmaFoS: Please calm down. The ba- The knaves who terrorized you are no more. I’m going to free you now, so stay calm.
:NonFoS: …a blue Sakkilian? I never seen one… I thought your kind was just legends? Where do you hail from?
:EmaFoS: …I’m from the small hamlet of Dalriver. Now stop squirming so I can untie you.
:NonFoS: Dalriver? Hmm… why do I recognize that name? Oh! But where are my manners? Let me introduce myself.

As soon you untie her, she springs from the tree towards her belongings and snaps up a large hat. With it, she makes a gracious bow before putting it on her head and introducing herself.

:JustinaFoS: I am Justina, journeymen bard, at your service.
:EmaFoS: I am Ema Ligiadottir, the Warrior of Justice!
:JustinaFoS: Warrior of Justice, eh? You do seem a bit young to call yourself that… but you did save my life, so I guess I can’t complain.
:EmaFoS: So, this inn you talked about…
:JustinaFoS: Hmm… oh, that. As a certified bard, I can request a room and board free of charge at any inn, as long as I bring entertainment with me. I’m sure I can convince them to give you a bed as well… or if not, I guess I… um… can always sleep on the floor for a night?
:EmaFoS: You are a bard, you say? I heard them talking about your beautiful singing voice.
:JustinaFoS: You did? Why, I would have been charmed by their compliment, if they weren’t trying to steal it themselves by foul play. Why, I have a grand idea! Why don’t I compose a little song of your heroics, as an additional reward?
:EmaFoS: Um…
:JustinaFoS: So how did you do it? While I was present, I wasn’t able to properly observe, you understand. I did hear a lot of colorful language though… so… tell me your tale. I see the two blades you wield… though, why two? Isn’t one enough? Did you strike them down in an epic duel? Don’t worry if it isn’t song worthy, I’m sure we can find better words for it… and exaggerate a bit. Wait, where are the bodies anyway? I heard you strike one down right here in the clearing, correct?
:EmaFoS: Ugh…
:JustinaFoS: Are you alright?
:EmaFoS: Oh? Err… don’t worry, it’s just… you know that feeling you get when you eat too much to fast? Yeah… I got that…
:JustinaFoS: Oh… I’m sorry to hear that… though you still want me to make that song, correct?
>>
No. 859724 ID: d25fe8

by the way birds don't give beakjobs, but she can stretch her tongue out and lick your dick to orgasm. the anticipation of every lick slowly building up to an orgasm makes it better.
>>
No. 859727 ID: ad51b8

>So how did you do it?
Could go charging in without risking your safety so I tried to sneak around and get rid of them without the other noticing... kinda worked

>While I was present, I wasn’t able to properly observe, you understand. I did hear a lot of colorful language though… so… tell me your tale.
I... rather not. It's not a happy tall from what I seem to remember

>I see the two blades you wield… though, why two? Isn’t one enough?
They were part of a set, plus never hurts to have a backup blade incase something happens to the first one.

>Did you strike them down in an epic duel? Don’t worry if it isn’t song worthy, I’m sure we can find better words for it… and exaggerate a bit.
Sorry but just snuck up behind one and took him out quickly then throw him at the other one to distract him when he noticed his buddy was gone for to long so he wouldn't hurt you while I get in close and I took him out quickly as well.

>Wait, where are the bodies anyway? I heard you strike one down right here in the clearing, correct?
Yes but I was worried about how you'd react to the sight of a dead body or two so I kinda removed them from the clearing so they wouldn't be one of the first things you saw when I took the blind fold off... also why it took me a while to untie you.

>Oh… I’m sorry to hear that… though you still want me to make that song, correct?
I uh... I'm not sure. I never did anything song worthy that I'm aware of and I really didn't jump in to help to try and become a folk hero or something. Just felt like something I needed to do, for a few reasons.
>>
No. 859728 ID: 91ee5f

>>859720
>Oh? Err…don’t worry, it’s just…you know that feeling you get when you eat too much to fast? Yeah…I got that…
SHHHH!!!!! Even if she never sees you eat someone, the fact that the bodies are missing might make her jump to conclusions!
>>
No. 859731 ID: 3ce125

>>859720
You can show her the sakkilian body. Tell her the Vark ran away after he saw he was outmatched.
Or if there's some type of magic that can completely disintegrate someone I suppose you could claim to have that at your disposal.
>>
No. 859732 ID: ef4275

>>though you still want me to make that song, correct?

I say no, its kinda hard to find food if they are fleeing from the famous "Warrior of Justice"
>>
No. 859735 ID: fda98a

Hold the idea of the song. If you continue to make more heroics, maybe you can make yourself a legend and spread fear in those who intent to do evil. But not yet. It is to soon to let the world know of you.
>>
No. 859736 ID: 33cbe7

The details are unimportant for songwriting.
If you really must know, I shanked one while he took a piss and swallowed the other one whole. See what I mean? I'm sure you can come up with something more lyrical than that without needing the play-by-play.
>>
No. 859737 ID: fda98a

Oh, ask her if she knows of your hometown. I got the feeling that it might have passed a lot of time from that incident.
>>
No. 859749 ID: 094652

"Uh... you do NOT want to see what I did to the second guy. Destroyed all his equipment in the process. First guy's over there, I just stabbed him in the face."
>>
No. 859761 ID: 9d5ded

>>859749
I can't believe I'm agreeing with Kome, but I am.
Also, nix the song. Sorry, but we can't go tipping off the bad guys.
>>
No. 859764 ID: 3adb50

>>859749
This.
>>
No. 859766 ID: 10c408

"Ah, well.... I tried to lure out the first one but he didn't fall for it. So I went after the second one and caught him while he was, uh, getting his pants back on after taking a piss. So I shoved a blade through his skull. It uh got a little bloody after that. I had to throw the corpse at his friend to ensure your safety and well... I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a monster or two coming by to check out the smell/feast on the corpses so we might want to get a move on."
>>
No. 859832 ID: fe7355

Okay, don't tell her that you threw the Sakkilian's corpse at the Vark. The kind of strength a normal person would need to pull off throwing a adult Sakkilian male that far that hard would require a amount of muscle that would be very apparent even covered by your clothes. You're gonna need another explanation. How about saying you threw the Sakkilian guy's crossbow at the Vark hard, stunning him, right before sprint tackling him to the ground.

As for where the Vark went... How about you say you were actually here to capture him alive to pay off a favor owed. It was just unfortunate luck that he and his associate jumped Justinia before you could. Anyway, once you got the Vark pinned down you clamped his beak with a cloth dosed with knockout vapors, then hauled his sleeping ass over to the collector who was following you a bit up the road. He's now bound and gagged in a trunk on the back of a wagon off to who knows where. You just know it'll be a just end for him and he won't ever come back.

>Oh? Err… don’t worry, it’s just… you know that feeling you get when you eat too much to fast? Yeah… I got that…
Uh, oh. You may have eaten too much at once. If it's anything like when a man who has gone without food for many days gorges, then expect stomach trouble. You might end up puking at least some of it back up 'cause your "soul digestive system" had weakened and shrunk. Just be aware of what you're feeling and bolt for the woods and way out of Justinia's view if you feel anything more than discomfort, making sure to shoo her off from watching. And keep low so what you do puke up doesn't fall far and make way more noise than a normal person puking up normal sized food.

Also, what will become of the Vark bandit's body, clothing and other items you swallowed now he's undoubtedly died within you and his soul is trapped in your guts? You gonna end up puking it all up later like some kind of giant owl pellet? Just the bones, clothing and other non-organic indigestibles such as that made of metal? (I'm asking this 'cause I remembered the beginning of Numb thread 3 where Daithi horked up a plate of abdomen armor that Mantis bully he devoured was wearing. Figure we might need to plan ahead for something like that here.)

>Hmm… and she said she would eat you? How is that a reward?
Not "eat you" but "eat you out." It's a slang term for cunnilingus; Performing oral sex on a female.
>>
No. 859875 ID: fe7355

Actually, I think the best action would be to clam up about what happened or be very vague in addition to not want her to make any songs about it. She can be left imagining what actually happened and whatever she thinks up won't be as upsetting as what actually happened. She'll probably figure something is up but better to not give her anything to go by. And if she doesn't want to travel with you or help you because you don't want to tell her what happened, then so be it.
>>
No. 859884 ID: 65a774
File 151647610594.png - (65.06KB , 700x550 , 11.png )
859884

>By the way birds don't give beakjobs, but she can stretch her tongue out and lick your dick to orgasm. The anticipation of every lick slowly building up to an orgasm makes it better.
…you… um… guess you’ll keep that in mind if you ever get a dick? Which isn’t very likely?
>Not "eat you" but "eat you out." It's a slang term for cunnilingus; Performing oral sex on a female.
That reminds you of that one time you and Sonya decided to experiment a bit… you found out you liked females just as much as males that day… wait, why do… ugh, your head hurts.

>SHHHH!!!!! Even if she never sees you eat someone, the fact that the bodies are missing might make her jump to conclusions!
You’re pretty sure eating people is such a farfetched conclusion that she’ll need to be able to fly to reach it, not just jump. But it might be prudent to not take any chances.
>Uh, oh. You may have eaten too much at once. If it's anything like when a man who has gone without food for many days gorges, then expect stomach trouble.
You don’t really feel sick… just very full.
>What will become of the Vark bandit's body, clothing and other items you swallowed now he's undoubtedly died within you and his soul is trapped in your guts? You gonna end up puking it all up later like some kind of giant owl pellet?
…you’re not… sure? Wait, wouldn’t that come out from the… um… other end? You really hope it doesn’t have to. You can’t remember ever using the bathroom like this so… you don’t think you’ll need to anymore?
>As for where the Vark went... How about you say you were actually here to capture him alive to pay off a favor owed.
You would happily spin a vast web of lies and deceit if you were a bit better at keeping things like that in mind… or if you had a more agile tongue to wield new lies with. Instead, you’ll choose the path you usually choose, the simple one. No need to lie when you simply don’t need to mention it.


>Uh... I'm not sure. I never did anything song worthy that I'm aware of?
:JustinaFoS: Nothing worthy? Why, you just saved the life of a complete stranger, brave warrior! A two against one duel at that as well! Is that not something a hero would do?
:EmaFoS: I mean… um… I just don’t see myself in any songs, really…
:JustinaFoS: Then I’ll simply not mention you by name… or color. A humble Sakkilian… um… what did your mother work with?
:EmaFoS: Smith.
:JustinaFoS: A humble Sakkilian smith from a small, often forgotten hamlet, she didn’t hesitate when she heard the call for help. Quickly finishing her dinner, she ran fearlessly into the fray and…?
:EmaFoS: …I stabbed the first guy in the face when he was distracted… um… and you do not want to see what I did to the second guy.
:JustinaFoS: Hmm… needs a bit of work… and the bodies?
:EmaFoS: …I was worried you’d react at the sight of them, so I moved them into the woods.
:JustinaFoS: Ah, that explain why you didn’t answer me at first. And thank you, as I’d really didn’t want to see those two again like that. Yes, I can work with this… and don’t you worry, I’ll keep you anonymous.

>The blades were part of a set.
:JustinaFoS: Ah… so if you lose one you have an extra?
:EmaFoS: One is for when I need a two handed long sword, the other for when I need a one handed short sword.
:JustinaFoS: Oh… I’m not sure what the difference is, but I’m not experience with weapons.
>Oh, ask her if she knows of your hometown.
:JustinaFoS: What was it called again?
:EmaFoS: Dalriver. As in, a river going through a dale.
:JustinaFoS: Hmm… I recognize it, but I can’t place it. I don’t think I would have heard about some remote hamlet without reason, though. But now, shall we begin our journey? I rather not stay here longer than necessary.
:EmaFoS: Let’s.

After she gather her belongings while you fail to find anything valuable in the bandits gear (As well as destroying that demon contraption one of them had), the two of you start walking down the road towards the city. On the way the emergency food, Justina, start singing praises about you… and she really does have a beautiful singing voice. Maybe you shouldn’t eat this one… even if you’re really, really hungry…
>>
No. 859885 ID: 65a774
File 151647611518.png - (56.87KB , 700x550 , 12.png )
859885

It takes more than an hour before you reach the walls of the city, which by then the sun has already set. On the way the emergency food didn’t miss a beat in her singing, though by now you’ve apparently fought against four bandits instead of two. At least the song is sung in such a way that it can be about pretty much anyone that’s from a small hamlet.

:JustinaFoS: Ah, here we are! The great city of Stoneburg, the biggest trade city of western Occidavia, the home of the grand duchess herself!

Looking towards the city walls, you can feel a calling. Something is beckoning you from somewhere inside the city walls. Then your swords start to communicate with you again.
:SwordFoS: Do you feel it? The injustice?
:EmaFoS: (…injustice? Is there something wrong with this city?)
:SwordFoS: The ones responsible for what happened to you are here. Find them, question them and then… bring them justice.
:EmaFoS: (So… any words of advice on how to find them?)
:SwordFoS: All I know is that they are here, somewhere.
:EmaFoS: (Great…)

The road leads to a smaller gate in the walls, guarded by a few guards and a heavy looking gate. Just outside the gate itself you see two people arguing over a large, wooden box. One of them a strong looking Sakkilian man while the other one of those Serpent people, though he seems to be missing an arm. Sniffing the air, you can almost taste them from here. The Sakkilian is like the Varkian next to you, bland but eatable… while the snake stinks of chemicals, so you rather not eat him. As you come closer you can hear the muscular food argue with the smelly food.
:NonFoS: Come on, it’s your box and it’s too big for me to carry by myself.
:NonFoS: What do you expect me to do? Levitate it?
:NonFoS: You can at least try to carry it?
:NonFoS: I only got one arm! You know much well that I can’t carry anything heavy like this!
:NonFoS: Oh come on, we can’t stay here when night falls.
:NonFoS: Well, I’m not leaving it out here over the night either.
>>
No. 859886 ID: fda98a

Hey, got an idea. Why don't you help these fellows out in exchange for information? Ask them about a large group of people that were wearing robes that came to this city. Or a place where shadowy people that look like that would reunite.
>>
No. 859890 ID: fda98a

Now that i think about it, should you find some cape or other clothes so you can conceal yourself from them? They will most certainly recognize you, wasting the surprise factor. Or would you rather go kicking doors down and shouting bloody murder?
>>
No. 859891 ID: 3ce125

>>859885
Offer to carry it. You are very strong!
>>
No. 859895 ID: 672df2

might as well help them, I mean you're not really doing anything else. Plus if you can make some friends inside the city they might be able to tell you something about those cloaked assholes you're looking for.
>>
No. 859896 ID: 4854ef

You are thinking of the less just as food again. Are you already hungry?
>>
No. 859906 ID: 91ee5f

>>859884
>You’re pretty sure eating people is such a farfetched conclusion that she’ll need to be able to fly to reach it, not just jump. But it might be prudent to not take any chances.
Damn straight you better not take any chances! Because even if Justina doesn’t jump to that conclusion, that doesn’t mean that someone else won’t jump to that conclusion and then actually do something about it!

>>859885
>On the way the emergency food didn’t miss a beat in her singing
>As you come closer you can hear the muscular food argue with the smelly food.
Stop thinking of everyone as food or else you’ll end up even more of a monster than the guilty that you deliver justice to!

>Need help to move crate.
Go offer to help them.

>>859886
Don’t ask any of that, nobody will take Ema seriously if she asks anything like that. Also, do you really think these 2 random guys would know anything about that?

>>859890
Don’t bother with the cape and cloak. That’ll just make Ema look like a fool.
>>
No. 859959 ID: fe7355

Offer to help the Sakkilian carry the crate into the city. They're going the same way as you, so may as well help out. Just make sure to limit your strength to plausible mortal levels that match your physical form. No picking up a crate that apparently needs two people to carry and carrying it all on your own. Carry it along with the Sakkilian.

Ask the Serpens if he's... Um, he is a he, is he? Anyway, ask 'em if they're a alchemist, citing the strong chemical smell on them.

And rein in those thoughts of people as food. Thinking of people as things, let alone food, is a big step along the road towards thinking that leads to monstrous actions. People are people, not food. Only the most guilty among them fall out of that category and are fair game.

You should also keep in mind that if those who killed you and your family, friends and hamlet are here, then they may remember you if they spot you. You are a rather distinctive blue, after all. You get spotted and not realize it, they'll know you're back from the dead and likely trouble for 'em. If they're subtle, they'll tail you to figure out what you're up to. If they're not, they'll gang up on you and that's a fight you can't win. You need to think about disguises. Justinia may know something about stage makeup for coloring scales. Or there might be alchemical scale coloring or bleaching available you could use.

You should also see about getting a map of the realm to try and figure out where Dalriver is. You remember the river it's on ends at a big city, the nearest other settlement was the hamlet of Umstream, and there was a Blackroot Cave nearby. At the least you know it's not near the coast and likely up in the hills, closer to the mountains.

>That reminds you of that one time you and Sonya decided to experiment a bit… you found out you liked females just as much as males that day… wait, why do… ugh, your head hurts.
It hurts because you're remembering your life before you died and came back as whatever you are now. ...You're like the most recent, topmost page upon the stack of pages of the lives and souls of those who wielded the Swords before and were bound by the pact of Justice. "Bound in blood, sealed in death." The memories of them all, pressed together like the layers of sediment in limestone and eroded by time. All bound to the blades.

>while the snake stinks of chemicals, so you rather not eat him.
Is that your mundane nose or your "soul nose" that's picking up a chemical smell. It'd be odd if his soul smelled like a alchemist's garbage, wouldn't it?
>>
No. 859967 ID: fe7355

>>859959
Oh, and also the Swords of Justice are also distinctive and may be remembered by those responsible for what happened to you, so carrying them openly would not be a good idea. Getting a overcoat or cloak to wear while walking about to hide them as they are on your hip would be prudent.
>>
No. 859988 ID: 65a774
File 151649747408.png - (53.66KB , 700x550 , 13.png )
859988

>Stop thinking of everyone as food or else you’ll end up even more of a monster than the guilty that you deliver justice to!
…but they smell so tasty and- Gah, you’re right. You need to stay vigilant. They aren’t food… unless they are bad people.
>Are you already hungry?
No, you’re still super full. In fact, the thing you want most right now is just to sit down and properly digest your meal in peace.
>Is that your mundane nose or your "soul nose" that's picking up a chemical smell?
You only have one nose last time you checked.

>It hurts because you're remembering your life before you died and came back as whatever you are now.
It only hurts the first time you remember them… so if you try and keep remembering things… then maybe…
>You should also see about getting a map of the realm to try and figure out where Dalriver is.
You already know where Dalriver is, you do have some schooling after all. If this is the seat of the local duchess, which you think it is (you remember the city was called burg something), then Dalriver would be about four days west from here on foot.
>Ask them where shadowy people in robes would reunite.
That sounds way too suspicious to ask… and will probably just end badly for you even if you got an answer.

>You should also keep in mind that if those who killed you and your family, friends and hamlet are here, then they may remember you if they spot you.
Will they? Only one of them saw you up close and that was just for a few seconds. You scales might be a bit suspect, but you’d think they’ll just assume you’re someone else blue colored. After all, they killed you.
>Should you find some cape or other clothes so you can conceal yourself from them?
Going around everywhere with a cape over your head would probably just make people more suspicious!
>Justinia may know something about stage makeup for coloring scales. Or there might be alchemical scale coloring or bleaching available you could use.
You really don’t want to mess up your scales… but if there’s no other option.
>Oh, and also the Swords of Justice are also distinctive and may be remembered by those responsible for what happened to you, so carrying them openly would not be a good idea.
The blades of Justice looks just like any two swords… and once again, as far as you know, they never actually got a good look at them anyway. You don’t think they’ll recognize them.


>Offer to help the Sakkilian carry the crate into the city. They're going the same way as you, so may as well help out.
As you approach them, both of them take a second to just stare at you before the Serpens speaks up while the Sakkilian eyes you suspiciously.
:OranFoS: Why, that would be most helpful! We gladly accept your-
:KarnFoS: Hold on… why exactly are you helping us?
:JustinaFoS: Why, because this is Ema the Hero, the blade of righteousness!
:KarnFoS: …hero?
:EmaFoS: Err… I just like to help people, that’s all. I’m just Ema.
:JustinaFoS: And I’m Justina the bard, at your service!
:KarnFoS: A bard? Figures…
:OranFoS: Well, Ema, I for one is thankful for your help, even with your friends exaggeration. I am Oran and this is my friend Karn.
:KarnFoS: Let’s just get this over with.

You and Karn grab the crate together and while heavy, the biggest problem is its size. This thing would be hard to carry alone, even with your strength. Oran tells you that he have a shop just a few streets from the gate so there is where you’re taking it. As you pass the entrance to the city, you pass two soldiers standing guard, both eyes you with suspicion when you pass. One of them smells delicious… corrupt and unforgiving… while the other smell very unappetizing, a clear and pure soul who is willing to help others. You really don’t want to even try to eat that one… in fact, something in the back of your mind even tells you that might be a dangerous thing to do.

:JustinaFoS: So, do you two know of any good inns, by any chance?
:OranFoS: Oh, there is one right down the street from where I live. Why, I’ll buy you two a drink as thanks for the help!
:KarnFoS: Hmfp…
>Ask 'em if they're an alchemist.
:OranFoS: Huh? How did you…?
:KarnFoS: Because you stink, Oran. And yes, he is an alchemist.
>Ask them about a large group of people that were wearing robes that came to this city.
:OranFoS: Oh, I’m sorry, but I can’t tell you anything about that. Tons of people come here every day, after all.
:KarnFoS: Why do you want to know that, anyway?
:EmaFoS: I’m looking for someone that’s important to me.
:KarnFoS: Well… I guess you can try asking down in the market place or the mercenary post. That’s where most strangers go.

Soon enough you reach Oran’s shop, which is made known long before Oran even speaks up about from the smell alone. Hopefully the inn is far enough away to not smell like this as well.
:OranFoS: Thank you. We’ll take it from here. I’ll just need to secure this crate and I’ll buy you that drink I promised. Karn, can you h-
:KarnFoS: Yes, yes, I know the drill… geez… we’ll be right back.

As Karn and Oran pull the crate the last few meters into the shop, Justina approaches you carefully.
:JustinaFoS: Um… I remember now where I’ve heard that name before… the name of your hamlet. I’m sorry for your lost, even if it is a bit late for me to say so.
:EmaFoS: …a bit late?
:JustinaFoS: Well, yes. You’ve heard, right? Ten years ago? Bandits attacked and burned the whole place down… there were no survivors. I guess you were lucky that you’d moved away by then with your family, right?
>>
No. 860000 ID: 91ee5f

>>859988
What is that thing behind that building over there? It looks like it’s staring at you.

I mean, obviously don’t go chasing after it, since that’s an obvious way to get ambushed in an alley. Just look at it. If Justina asks, just tell her you thought you saw something.

>Well, yes. You’ve heard, right? Ten years ago? Bandits attacked and burned the whole place down…there were no survivors. I guess you were lucky that you’d moved away by then with your family, right?
.....tell her that you were there when it happened and you were the only one that survived. You’ve been looking for the guys responsible for what happened for 10 long years and that’s what lead you here.

And mention that you took a really hard blow to the head, so you’re having a really hard time remembering the names and faces of your friends and family, even your own parents.....and then mention that you hate that you can’t remember them because it feels like you’re dishonoring them by not remembering who they were.
>>
No. 860003 ID: fda98a

This is a serious matter. I don't know if it would be wise to tell her the truth, but i guess it is up to you really.
Ask her how long ago this happened.
If you tell her your story, she most likely would like to make a song of your story, and probably follow you around to keep making songs about your adventures, or not, it is a dangerous profession, being the encarnation of Justice.
>>
No. 860004 ID: fda98a

>>860000
I saw it too. I think those are just flowers.
>>
No. 860005 ID: 91ee5f

>>860003
>Ask her how long ago this happened.
She already told us it was 10 years ago.
>>
No. 860007 ID: d887c0

>>859988
...Well, vengeance/justice is a dish best served cold, right? Though I imagine they've probably moved on from this town in that time.
>>
No. 860009 ID: 094652

You could have your sob story spun into a bard's tale, but you'll want to keep a low profile for now.

Tell her that you went out into the forest one day and the whole village was burning by the time you came back. You nearly died, but you and your would-be killer gave each other near-mortal wounds. Left for dead, you both survived and agreed to leave each other alone until you were ready to settle the score.
>>
No. 860010 ID: fda98a

>>860005
OOPS, didn't read that, sorry.
>>
No. 860020 ID: fe7355

Well, this is a surprise. You wandered the woods for a decade and can't remember anything of it? No wonder you were so hungry. And how are your clothes still holding together after so long? Anyway, questions for later. Focus now.

You know you're terrible at lying so keep it simple and don't say much. Thank her for her sentiment and say that it doesn't feel like it's been ten years already. Feels like you heard the news not that long ago. Then say you were thinking of visiting the place and leaving flowers there in memorial after you're done in the city.

>>859992
>>860000
>>860009
Whoa, no saying you're the sole survivor or any bullshit about blows to the head and memory loss. First, that won't mesh with you behaving like you didn't know how long its been, nor with you asking about like you didn't know where Dalriver is. If you lived around here for a decade or were traveling back to the area, you'd have known this.

Second, you'd have to come up with convincing lies about how it was you didn't end up known as the only survivor of the Dalriver Massacre. Because at the time you'd have been a girl of about nine or ten and if you survived that you'd have most likely ran to the nearest other settlement, not avoided seeking help. And you are terrible at lying.

Third, then you'd have to spin a whole web of lies about your life for the decade after that accounts for how you got your swords, your martial training, where you lived, and so on and so forth. Again, you are bad at lies so avoid having to make them.

>>860003
>I don't know if it would be wise to tell her the truth, but i guess it is up to you really.
Except it is not up to Ema, it is up to us to choose. That is the way a quest works, so make a choice.

>If you tell her your story, she most likely would like to make a song of your story, and probably follow you around to keep making songs about your adventures...
Which is reason to not tell her your story. You're going into dangerous waters and having her around will put her at undue risk. It'll also make her a target if she gets associated with you.
>>
No. 860022 ID: 3ce125

>>860020
Fair enough.
>>
No. 860031 ID: ad51b8

might as well ask her what she heard of that place outside of just bandits attacking it. Might give us some clues.

>I guess you were lucky that you’d moved away by then with your family, right?
whelp let's be vague because hey, your undead, I feel you're entitled to some cryptic bullshit every now and then. Tell her that you only heard of some Varkian nomads who left before the attack because of a warning by a local fortune teller. Also that your folks lived in town. then just drop the conversation there as those are dark memories that are best left buried for now.
>>
No. 860129 ID: 65a774
File 151655457076.png - (55.72KB , 700x550 , 14.png )
860129

>What is that thing behind that building over there? It looks like it’s staring at you.
It’s a potted plant on a windowsill…
>You could have your sob story spun into a bard's tale, but you'll want to keep a low profile for now.
Something tells you Justina here have a problem keeping secrets, so you better watch what you say near her.
>...Well, vengeance/justice is a dish best served cold, right? Though I imagine they've probably moved on from this town in that time.
The swords… no, you know they are here… or someone that is guilty of the crime, at least.
>You know you're terrible at lying so keep it simple and don't say much.
You’ll let her spin her own web of lies for you.

>Thank her for her sentiment and say that it doesn't feel like it's been ten years already. Feels like you heard the news not that long ago.
:JustinaFoS: Ah, yes. Time flies when you try to keep busy, I know from experience.
>Then say you were thinking of visiting the place and leaving flowers there in memorial after you're done in the city.
:JustinaFoS: Then after the festival I presume?
:EmaFoS: Fest- you mean the harvest festival?
:JustinaFoS: Why yes! That’s why I’m here in the first place. This place have one of the biggest parties this time of year.
:EmaFoS: I’d almost forgot it was that time of the year again.

>Might as well ask her what she heard of that place outside of just bandits attacking it. Might give us some clues.
:JustinaFoS: Hmm? I don’t think I’ve heard anything else… it was just a small hamlet after all, no offence. Except… there were these rumors going around that there was this cave full of riches nearby.
:EmaFoS: You mean Blackroot cave?
:JustinaFoS: That’s the one, yeah.
:EmaFoS: It was just rumors. That place had been empty for generations.
>Tell her that you only heard of some Varkian nomads who left before the attack because of a warning by a local fortune teller.
:JustinaFoS: Hmm… I don’t know anything about any Varkian nomads…
:OranFoS: Are you looking for the nomads? They got their carts parked just outside the north gate.
:KarnFoS: They usually come by this time of year… sell one hell of a tasty snaps if anything.
:JustinaFoS: Ah, are you two done?
:OranFoS: Indeed we are! So, about those drink I owe you…
:JustinaFoS: I’ll gladly accept a free drink, though… I have to say, isn’t it tradition that the lady buys the gent his drink and not the other way around:
:OranFoS: Heh… err… well… I… um... hehe… kind of own you two ladies so…
:KarnFoS: *Eyeroll*Sigh*…
>>
No. 860130 ID: 65a774
File 151655458059.png - (41.96KB , 700x550 , 15.png )
860130

The inn is a larger building down the street called “The raptors nest”, which luckily is just out of reach from the smell of Oran’s alchemy shop. Being a building with at least three floors, it seems the bottom one is dedicated to be a large tavern with both food and drink. As you enter, you’re greeted by the strong smell of newly cooked meal and poured ale, as well as the sight of several tables lining the hall and a large hearth burning brightly in the center of it all. What is sorely lacking, though, is some kind of music playing, so it seems there’s an opening for Justina here at least.

As you sit down, you can’t help but notice that most of the clientele seem to be leaving already. The nightlife here is apparently rather short, as it’s not that late yet. A young Sakkilian barman saunter over to you to take your order, making sure to sway his hips a bit extra in hope to get a better tip. He is visually surprised when it’s Oran that speaks up to order instead of either you or Justina.

:OranFoS: So… um… what will it be? I’m going out on a limb and guess a pair of ales for the ladies?
:JustinaFoS: I’ll take an ale, yes.
:EmaFoS: An ale is fine.
:OranFoS: So two ales and a glass of red for me.
:KarnFoS: I’ll take an ale as well.

The barman eyes Karn a bit after his order, as to make sure he actually heard right, before leaving to get your drinks. After all, it’s expected of gentlemen to drink more… refined drinks like wine or cider while the ladies are the one who drinks the harder, more feminine drinks like ale and whisky. It doesn’t take long before four glasses are presented before you.

:JustinaFoS: So, Karn, we know that Oran is an Alchemist. What is your trade? Oh, I’m sure someone with as beautiful blue eyes as you is swarmed with proper gentleman work.
:KarnFoS: Uh huh… because my eyes are the most important part of me…
:JustinaFoS: They are like the vast Serene ocean when the sunsets… and those emerald scales are like the galtic forest of yore. Poets and bards have long written songs about a beauty like yours.
:KarnFoS: I’m sure they have…

It’s quite obvious that Justina is trying to flirt with Karn, but he seem more annoyed at the prospect than anything. Maybe because she’s laying it on rather thick. Of course, that leaves just you and Oran, whom is currently fidgeting nervously next to you.

:OranFoS: So… um… Ema, was it? You said you were looking for someone? Maybe I can help? Do you have description of them?
>>
No. 860136 ID: d887c0

>>860129
Clad all in armor and robes. Never saw their faces.
>>
No. 860146 ID: fda98a

Give what ever description you have about those fiends, because come on, the one that killed you took a sword to the face and didn't even flinch. And ask about those nomads, you could paid them a visit later. Do you think they will recognise you?
>>
No. 860151 ID: 2d40ad

Unless they've been wearing the same robes for the last ten years, any description we can give is pretty much worthless, since Ema didn't see their faces.
The swords told Ema that they're in the city, so let's see if we can piece together a circumstance.

They are armed.
Since they're still here, let's say they're regulars.
There's a Varkian.
Sound like crazy cultists?
>>
No. 860153 ID: 91ee5f

>>860130
>It’s quite obvious that Justina is trying to flirt with Karn, but he seem more annoyed at the prospect than anything.
Or maybe he’d rather have a man come and flirt with him?

>Maybe because she’s laying it on rather thick.
But not as thick as she is! XD

.....uh, don’t say that out loud.

>So…um…Ema, was it? You said you were looking for someone? Maybe I can help? Do you have description of them?
Describe them like this: >>860136 , and then tell Oran that you’re aware that’s not much of a description, but that’s all you’ve got.
>>
No. 860154 ID: 3ce125

>>860130
Yeah, they're some kind of plant creature.
>>
No. 860156 ID: fda98a

Wait, didn't Ema and the swords said that they might be here, but also that it might be someone else that is realated to the crime?. So it would be a 50-50 chance that we find one of the two. It would make sense if the perpetrators would had leaved the city by now, if not by some time ago.
>>
No. 860158 ID: ef4275

Not really, he and his friends liked robes and mask or helmets or whatever. He didn't have a snout or beak though.
>>
No. 860170 ID: a633c6

Brown robes pinned with what looks like half-shucked corn, or some other pin that looks like a plant.
>>
No. 860186 ID: ad51b8

>Are you looking for the nomads? They got their carts parked just outside the north gate.
might not be a bad idea to see them at some point, might know something, might not.

>sell one hell of a tasty snaps if anything
why does this line fill me with more dread then anything else that has happened since you found yourself stumbling through the woods?
>>
No. 860199 ID: fe7355

Tell Oran you don't have much since you didn't see their face. They're human, unknown gender, wearing head-to-toe full plate armor, gray in color and unadorned as far as you could see. Over that they were wearing a plain brown hooded cloak, pinned closed at the chest with a ornament shaped like... Maybe a ear of corn with the husk pulled back? It was oblong and yellow in the middle with two green leaf-like protrusions at its base with a stem down. ...Actually, it'd be easier to draw than describe. And they were armed with a sickle.

The nomad Varks seem like a good enough lead to check out. Maybe it'll be the same group that visited Dalriver and they'll have the same fortune teller who seemed to pick up the bad omens that foretold Dalriver's destruction. However, if the fortune teller is as attuned to Fate as that, they'll probably pick up all the vibes you showing up would throw off and might be packing up to take off tonight. Better check on the nomads tonight and see if they're packing up to leave just like happened at Dalriver, since that will be a very bad sign of things to come.

Karn's most likely annoyed by Justina's flirtation because he's gay, with the less likely possibilities being he doesn't care for Vark ladies, he doesn't like florid bardic language, he doesn't care for exaggerating flirts or he's not interested in sex or romance at all.

Give Karn some respite from Justina's flirting by suggesting she take the stage and demonstrate her lovely singing voice for him and everyone else here. If she does, once she's out of earshot ask Karn in a low voice just how much she's barking up the wrong tree.
>>
No. 860424 ID: 65a774
File 151663115306.png - (59.17KB , 700x550 , 16.png )
860424

>Why does this line fill me with more dread than anything else that has happened since you found yourself stumbling through the woods?
Because it’s the exact same thing on of your old friend told you just before he was horrible murdered… it’s even about the same damn snaps!
>Do you think the nomads will recognize you?
They did recognize you as the blue girl back home… but that was ten years ago.
>Maybe he’d rather have a man come and flirt with him?
Hmm… possibly… though his eyes fell on Justina’s behind a bit too much for him not be at least a bit interested. By Helve, he practically ignored the cute barman that came by with the drinks too…
>But not as thick as she is!
She is rather… wide, yes… and you’re pretty sure that’s intentional as well.

>Clad all in armor and robes. Never saw their faces.
:OranFoS: Um… that’s not much to work with, is it?
>They were human shaped.
:OranFoS: I guess that’s a bit better? Most people in Occidavia are Sakkilians so…
>They're some kind of plant creature.
:OranFoS: You mean like an Uredo? Are you sure? I don’t see one of those as being able to pull off human-shaped. But I guess if you want to talk to some of them, they usually live by the many gardens in the city.
>Brown robes pinned with what looks like half-shucked corn, or some other pin that looks like a plant.
:OranFoS: Ah, now we’re talking. A piece of corn, eh? So they were a farmer then? I can’t say I recognize that emblem myself but… I bet the library have information about it.
:EmaFoS: The library, huh? Might be worth a look…
>And they were armed with a sickle.
:OranFoS: So… they really was a farmer then. I can’t see anyone else wield a farming tool as a weapon. Though I have to ask why you’re looking for these people?
:EmaFoS: I have my reasons.
:OranFoS: Well… I mean, if they stole something from or something maybe speaking with the guards would be more fruitful than going after them yourself?

>Give Karn some respite from Justina's flirting by suggesting she take the stage and demonstrate her lovely singing voice for him and everyone else here.
:JustinaFoS: -sculpted by the very gods themselves!
:KarnFoS: *Sigh* Of course they are…
:EmaFoS: You know, Justina, the stage is empty. Maybe you can take it and demonstrate your lovely singing voice for the lad here…
:JustinaFoS: Why, that’s a perfect idea! You’ll love this song, cutie~
:KarnFoS:
As Justina grabs her lute and walks away, Karn throws you a look that clearly says “thank you”.

>Once she's out of earshot ask Karn in a low voice just how much she's barking up the wrong tree.
:OranFoS: The wrong tree? I’m sure Karn would be all over a hottie like that! I know I would… *Sigh*
:KarnFoS: It’s more about what she was barking. She made it sound like I’m nothing but a pretty trophy to be won and nothing more. I’ve never been able to stand ladies who… eh, forget it, you wouldn’t understand anyway.
>Ask about those nomads.
:OranFoS: The nomads? They come by at this time every year, to take part of the festivities. How I’ve understood it, they travel all around the realm the rest of the year. I’ve even heard they usually stop by the smaller hamlets in this area before coming here, as they usually start the celebration a week or two earlier.
:KarnFoS: They always set up these tents at the central market place, where they sell a bunch of trinkets and charms, snaps and other alcohol, candy of different kind and show off things like magic tricks, acrobatics and fortune telling. The kids around here love them.
>Better check on the nomads tonight.
:OranFoS: Tonight? Oh no, it’s too late for that. They’ve closed the gate by now.
:KarnFoS: Wait, you do know about the curfew, right?
:EmaFoS: Curfew? Is that why everyone is leaving so early?
:OranFoS: Indeed it is. There have been a lot of disappearances for the last ten years, so they’ve locked down the city at night.
:KarnFoS: If you’re caught outside at night they’ll throw you in jail and fine you come morning.
:OranFoS: Of course, it’s even worse in the poorer areas of the city they don’t patrol. You’ll just… disappear out there.
:KarnFoS: The beggars and homeless where the first to go, though most of them where smart enough to flee the city before they were taken as well.
:OranFoS: So keep yourself in the inn come nightfall, alright?

For a while, as you let this new information sink in, you all just sit there listening to Justina sing. Her voice truly is beautiful, though her subject matter could have been better. Listening to her singing praises about a beautiful, blue eyed, emerald green Sakkilian lad is a bit much…

:KarnFoS: And excuse me, Ema, those swords you have… do you know how to use them?
:EmaFoS: …yes? Why do you ask?
:KarnFoS: Well, you see… I’m the one in charge of the training hall next to the mercenary post and-
:OranFoS: He’s the best weapon master this town got!
:KarnFoS: …err… t-thank you for the confidence, Oran, but that isn’t exactly true. I was going to ask if you ever have the time if you wanted to spar?
:EmaFoS: You want to fight with me?
:KarnFoS: With false weapons, yes. I like seeing new ways of fighting… and I’m sure I can teach you a thing or two, so what do you say?

…a male weapon master? You’ve never heard about something like that before. Back home males weren’t even allowed to pick up weapons…
>>
No. 860436 ID: 904bad

Maybe tomorrow we can spar for a bit, its not going to take too long, and while we are probably going to be busy it can be helpful to gauge your combat abilities.

I think we should retire for the night, is going to be a long day tomorrow and we need to start as early as posible.

Are you getting drunk? is it possible for you to get drunk? Does the ale taste the same?
>>
No. 860475 ID: fda98a

All this new information is very interesting. Ask if the disappearing happens in harvesting, that would be too much of a coincidence.

It would be nice to spar, dedicating time to lern how to properly use your tools of work will be crusial if you want to succed in fighting injustice.
Now that the subjet is at hand, do you think you wield your swords at the same time?
I have the idea of using the smaller sword for parrying and the larger one for striking. If the larger sword is to big, then just forget it.

Why is so wierd for males to dedicate to fight? Is that a Sakkilian thing?
>>
No. 860520 ID: 3ce125

Sure, let's spar. Warn him that you are VERY strong though. I hope he's good at blocking attacks.
>>
No. 860532 ID: 22d3a4

If he's learned so quick he must be good.
You could stand to learn stuff, especially before you go investigating disappearances.
>>
No. 860533 ID: d887c0

"Of course. My technique is garbage, so I could use some refinement. It'll have to wait until tomorrow, though. I've had a long day."
>>
No. 860555 ID: 91ee5f

>>860424
>So…they really was a farmer then. I can’t see anyone else wield a farming tool as a weapon.
Ask if it’s normal for a farmer to also wield scythes and crossbows?

>It’s more about what she was barking. She made it sound like I’m nothing but a pretty trophy to be won and nothing more. I’ve never been able to stand ladies who…eh, forget it, you wouldn’t understand anyway.
I wonder if we should ask him to cut her some slack since she had a near death experience? Or would it be best to not mention it?

>Spar?
Sure, might as well since you probably have really practiced at all with these swords.

Also try not to get drunk. The last thing you need is to be drunkenly walking around and then you get caught trying to eat someone or successfully eating someone!
>>
No. 860565 ID: ad51b8

sure give the man a spar, might help you see just how much you actually know about swinging around a sword.

Also did you have any disappearances around your hamlet before those bastards attack or was it sudden and out of nowhere? I'm just wondering if they're planning on attacking this city like they did your home or if they've decided just to stay and pick on the unfortunate and unlucky as they set up shop.
>>
No. 860602 ID: 91ee5f

>>860424
>Indeed it is. There have been a lot of disappearances for the last ten years, so they’ve locked down the city at night.
Started right around the same time Ema’s village was destroyed. Not sure if we should mention it out loud, but that is one hell of a coincidence.
>>
No. 860656 ID: fe7355

Looks like he's got a ale mustache. Tell him he's got something on his face while gesturing to the same spot on your muzzle.

Tell Karn that sure, you'll spar with him tomorrow. It's been awhile since you've sparred with anyone. He have a particular time he'd like you to come around? And you have to say, you haven't even heard of a guy being a weapons master before. Well, in Occidavia, that is. How'd he come to follow such a path? Must have taken a lot of will and determination see it through, right?

Ask them what was done in the last decade to try and find out how people were vanishing and who has been doing it. Somebody must have done something because you can't believe that nobody has tried to figure it out. Just the merchants alone losing their evening and overnight business and unable to move merchandise around the city after dark you'd imagine would have them turning over every brick in the city to find the culprit. And has it been just within Stoneburg or have other cites and town have had people disappear? ...Have smaller settlements just up and vanished at all? Have the vanished left behind any trace like blood or a dropped purse or even a scream when they go?

Oh, wait, how are Karn and Oran going to get back home before curfew? Do they live real close by this inn? Are they gonna have to leave soon?

And those people vanishing without a trace, it sounds rather like what you did to that Vark highwayman. Could there be others out there with your hunger for souls but without Justice restraining them?

>It’s more about what she was barking. She made it sound like I’m nothing but a pretty trophy to be won and nothing more. I’ve never been able to stand ladies who…
Who are vapid honey-worded trophy hunters who don't consider him as a actual person with his own mind, personality and interests? So, how close to the mark were you?

>If you’re caught outside at night they’ll throw you in jail and fine you come morning.
...Or, and don't say this out loud, perhaps disappeared by the watchman before even reaching the jail for booking. Lotta folk could be vanished by the city watch without a trace, and those who notice vanished as well. That organization should be high up the list for you to have a look.
>>
No. 860871 ID: fe7355

You should consider slipping out after curfew to have who or whatever has been snatching up people catch up with you. With what you've heard the odds it is connected with whomever sent the metal men to Dalriver is high and this would be a quick way to nab someone or something that's connected with them. However, it'd also carry more risk since you don't know the capabilities of the snatcher and might end up outmatched. The city watch will also have to be avoided, lest you get arrested for breaking curfew. And the snatcher might avoid you entirely 'cause you're armed and don't look weak. You assume the guards roam the streets at night to enforce the curfew and figure they don't get snatched up. Anyway, it's a idea to think about.
>>
No. 860905 ID: 65a774
File 151671039208.png - (64.65KB , 700x550 , 17.png )
860905

>You should consider slipping out after curfew to have who or whatever has been snatching up people catch up with you.
The problem is, you’ve have no idea what you’ll be facing. For all you know, they might just fire a crossbow bolt into your brain as soon as they see you, killing you without a chance of fighting back.
>...Or, and don't say this out loud, perhaps disappeared by the watchman before even reaching the jail for booking.
Hmm… the watch might responsible on some level…

>Are you getting drunk? Is it possible for you to get drunk? Does the ale taste the same?
The ale tastes the same yet… it’s different? It’s like… you don’t actually drink it?
:SwordFoS: Anything organic you consume will simply cease to be. Only life energy can sustain you!
>Did you have any disappearances around your hamlet before those bastards attack or was it sudden and out of nowhere?
Nothing strange happened just before the attack, it that’s what you’re asking. In fact, nothing had really happen there for years upon years. It was just a boring hamlet, after all.
>Now that the subject is at hand, do you think you wield your swords at the same time?
These swords area clearly not designed for duel wielding. Maybe if you got a parrying dagger to use with the short sword. You’ll still need a lot of training to pull off, though.
>Why is so wierd for males to dedicate to fight? Is that a Sakkilian thing?
It’s the duty of ladies to defend and protect men as they are smaller and weaker than females. It’s as simple as that.

>Looks like he's got an ale mustache. Tell him he's got something on his face while gesturing to the same spot on your muzzle.
:KarnFoS: Huh? What? Oh, excuse me…
>Maybe tomorrow we can spar for a bit.
:KarnFoS: That sounds fine. You can find me in the training hall, just across the street from the mercenary post, most of the time.
>Warn him that you are VERY strong though. I hope he's good at blocking attacks.
:KarnFoS: Hmhm… I can hear that you already need training.
>You haven't even heard of a guy being a weapons master before. How'd he come to follow such a path? Must have taken a lot of will and determination see it through, right?
:KarnFoS: Mother is weapon master and so am I. While she did want a daughter, she’d just had to do with me instead. I guess fighting in a constant uphill battle have made me stronger than a daughter ever would be.

>Ask if the disappearing happens in harvesting, that would be too much of a coincidence.
:OranFoS: Oh no, it happens the whole year around.
:KarnFoS: Though, it’s hard to know for certain. It’s mostly rumors and hearsay. I don’t know anyone personally whom disappeared, after all.
:OranFoS: It’s mostly those that live in the poorer districts… or those that goes out in the woods at night.
:KarnFoS: Or north…
>Ask them what was done in the last decade to try and find out how people were vanishing and who has been doing it.
:OranFoS: Well, there is the curfew and the like.
:KarnFoS: The disappearances was the worst the first year, since then it’s mostly just drunkards or other people who want to play hero who disappears.
>Just the merchants alone losing their evening and overnight business and unable to move merchandise around the city after dark…
:OranFoS: Ah, well… it’s only us lonely mortals who have to follow the curfew. The richer merchants can simply have the watch escort them or any goods they have to where ever they want to.
:KarnFoS: The smaller shops were closing at this time anyways, so it’s not that much different from before for them.
>Ask if it’s normal for a farmer to also wield scythes and crossbows?
:OranFoS: Well… a scythe is also a farmer tool… and I guess a crossbow is good at hunting away wildlife?
:EmaFoS: I’m talking about a really big crossbow, one that was more formed like a tube than a T.
:KarnFoS: …I… I don’t think I’ve ever heard of such a weapon, no.
:OranFoS: You know, I have to admit it’s not my business, but this person you’re looking for is starting to sound like a bad idea to find the more you describe them.

>I think we should retire for the night, is going to be a long day tomorrow and we need to start as early as possible.
:KarnFoS: Yes, we better head home as well, before the curfew starts.
:OranFoS: Hey, once again thanks for the help. Just mention our names to the inn keeper and I’m sure he’ll pull a few coins from the price.
:KarnFoS: Well, I guess you did help us, so yeah, say that we sent you. Now, I’ll need to get out of here before you friend notices.
:EmaFoS: Thanks.
>>
No. 860906 ID: 65a774
File 151671040456.png - (53.79KB , 700x550 , 18.png )
860906

…walking up to the inn counter you realize a huge flaw in your plan of getting a room here. You have absolutely no money on you… or anything else valuable for that matter. Hopefully Justina can get you a free room. Speaking of the bard, she’s already trying to butter up the inn keeper by the time you get there. The innkeeper himself is an older looking Sakkilian, at least in his thirties, whom smell… very unappetizing. He doesn’t smell bad, in fact he smells really delightful, but his smell just doesn’t make you hungry, quite the opposite. You’re going to guess he is innocent, then… though, you wonder if he’d let you smell him a bit closer… mmm…

:JustinaFoS: -heard it yourself, Mr. Danus, my entertainment is first class.
:DanusFoS: It’s just Danus. And yes, it was sufficient. Luck would have it that most of the towns regular bards are busy preparing for the festival, so the only room I have left in the whole building is the bards quarters. It rather small, but it got a proper down bed as well as a washing room with a wooden bathtub outfitted with both a water rune and heating rune. You’ll get it plus three meals a day and any tips you can muster if you play here every evening.
:JustinaFoS: Then it is a deal! …wait, last room? You don’t happen to have another room for rent? …or a bed, at least?
:DanusFoS: No. All my rooms are already taken, thanks to the festival.
:JustinaFoS: But I have a friend that needs a room! She saved my life from bandits and everything!
:DanusFoS: No room, no beds. My condolences.

Justina answers by sitting down on the counter, her back towards the innkeeper. She then makes a show of spreading her tail feathers and bending over a bit, to show of both her ample rear and chest.

:JustinaFoS: Then… maybe if I would the… pleasure to warm your bed tonight, she can take my bed in the bard quarters? What do you say, my beautiful, amethyst eyed friend?

If looks could kill, then Justina would have been impaled by the sheer force of Danus the innkeepers glare.

:JustinaFoS: Have anyone ever told you that spines are like that of the fiercest, most dangerous dragon?
:DanusFoS: *Deathglare*
:JustinaFoS: And… err… your… um…
:DanusFoS: *Deathglare delux*
:JustinaFoS: …I’ll… just go draw that bath now. Goodnight!
:DanusFoS: *Sigh* Oh, and the heating rune only have warmth for one full tub.

The older looking Sakkilian rubs his templets as he starts muttering to himself.

:DanusFoS: Typical women, forgetting everything about passion and love, instead they just strip it down to basic ins-

Then almost jumps as he notice that you’ve been standing there the whole time. He simply stares at you for a second or two blinking before speaking up.

:DanusFoS: Hmm? Oh, you must be that friend she mentioned. We are sorry, but we got no rooms or beds, no matter how much coin you got. You’ll simply have to go elsewhere… though, as the curfew starts in a few minutes, you might want to hurry.

Well, shit… what now? You can’t sleep outside thanks to the curfew, can you?
>>
No. 860909 ID: 6780f5

Do you actually need to sleep, or did that need get replaced with the lust for revenge life energy as well?
>>
No. 860916 ID: 830fb7

Maybe we could stay in the training hall overnight. They usually have a softer matted area for unarmed combat practice you can sleep on.
>>
No. 860925 ID: 904bad

>>860909
huh, that's a good question

maybe you can go to a temple? is there some kind of god/ess of taking care of people and being generally goody good? you may convince them to let them rest on a pew...
>>
No. 860928 ID: 094652

People in this town go disappearing at night for reasons. Why not simply be one of those reasons? The guards don't really give a @#$% anymore. You could protect any innocent townsfolk that are out and about and eat the guilty.
>>
No. 860930 ID: 205799

>Anything organic you consume will simply cease to be. Only life energy can sustain you!

Ho-l-y shit. You actually destroy matter? Jeez, man. That's a hell of thing, to ignore the conservation of energy and mass. You're a miniature black hole, kinda sorta maybe! Anything you need to be rid of organically, you can eat it, and just erase it from existence!

This is great. Reality warping powers, and I have the feeling this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Dying was the best thing that ever happened to you!

...

Oh right, finding a place to stay. Uh, if you actually need to sleep, training hall?
>>
No. 860931 ID: ad51b8

share the room and let her have the bed.I mean you took a blade to the skull, sleeping on the floor (assuming you still need sleep) will be nothing.

As for the bath thing, one of you can bath before you turn in for the night and the next one can bath in the morning. Might not be the most comfortable thing in the world but it should work out till you can find some cash and afford your own room... or make a friend with someone in town who will be willing to let you crash in a spare room they have or just their couch.
>>
No. 860945 ID: fda98a

>>860930
Now that is kind of rude.

Ask if he knows of a place where you could rest else where. And apologise for your friend, you will try to teach her some manners. Now that i think about it, you should be older than her, probably.
>>
No. 860965 ID: 65a774
File 151673103033.png - (32.73KB , 700x550 , 19.png )
860965

>Do you actually need to sleep, or did that need get replaced with the lust for life energy as well?
:SwordFoS: Your form does not need neither sleep nor rest, but it would still be prudent to take it slow after catching a prey. Sleeping now would make it easier for you to digest your current meal.
>Maybe you can go to a temple?
:SwordFoS: While our cause is just, we are still an unholy creature at the core. Places and objects of holiness, like temples and symbols, will hurt your current form.

>Dying was the best thing that ever happened to you!
Because watching everyone you love and care for get horribly murdered before being turned into a monster that needs to feed on people and can lose control at any moment is so great…
>People in this town go disappearing at night for reasons. Why not simply be one of those reasons? You could protect any innocent townsfolk that are out and about and eat the guilty.
You’d really like to know a bit more before heading out there to find them. Besides, as the sword said, you need to digest your current meal first.
>As for the bath thing, one of you can bath before you turn in for the night and the next one can bath in the morning.
Or you can both use the same water? You’re not sure either of you are that dirty…


>Apologize for your friend, you will try to teach her some manners.
:DanusFoS: No, it’s quite alright, lass… you get used to it…
>Ask if he knows of a place where you could rest elsewhere.
:DanusFoS: Ah, yes, I forgot to tell you. There is a temple just a few streets away, so if you hurry you can-
:EmaFoS: About that, I… um… have reasons why I can’t stay there.
:DanusFoS: Reasons? Why would you- never mind. Then… I’m not sure, actually?
>Maybe we could stay in the training hall overnight.
:EmaFoS: Can you tell me the way to training hall next to the mercenary post?
:DanusFoS: The training hall, lass? The one Karn owns?
:EmaFoS: That’s the one.
:DanusFoS: I’m not sure he actually stays there over the night but… if you want to know the way, then there’s a map right next to the front door of the inn. Though, you’d need to hurry, it’s a bit of a way to go to get there.
>Make a friend with someone in town who will be willing to let you crash in a spare room they have or just their couch.
:EmaFoS: Do you know if Oran sleeps in his shop then? …or where he sleeps at all?
:DanusFoS: I can’t say for certain, but if you hurry you might catch up with them. They were just here, weren’t they, lass?
:EmaFoS: Yeah, they brough us a drink after we helped them carry a large crate. They even said I should tell you that they sent me for a better price.
:DanusFoS: Did they now…
>Share the room and let her have the bed.
:EmaFoS: You know, I could always just sleep on the floor of the bard quarters. Do you happen to have a spare mattress or something similar?
:DanusFoS: …no, I do not think I… *sigh* and I can’t in good conscious let you sleep on the cold stone floor… or let you leave without a proper place to stay. Tell you what, lass, as both Oran and Karn seemed to trust you, if you help my son clean up the inn I can lend you a quiet room and a wooden sofa with pillows and a blanket. It’s not much, but it’s something.
:EmaFoS: …wait, you have a son?
:DanusFoS: …yes? What is so odd about that?
:EmaFoS: Oh, nothing… it’s just when I saw that you didn’t have a necklace of a life mate, nor the markings of a removed one…
:DanusFoS: I’ve never been married… I’ve raised my son on my lonesome. Now, are you willing to work for that sofa or not, lass?

Well, it seems you have a few options then.
Head for the training hall and hope Karn is there,
Head for Oran’s shop and hope he is there,
Try to catch up with either Oran or Karn before they get home
or Help out in the Inn and get a wooden sofa for your trouble.
>>
No. 860966 ID: 6780f5

Help out at the inn. That's pretty much the best deal.
>>
No. 860990 ID: 91ee5f

>>860905
>Anything organic you consume will simply cease to be.
And that explains why you can’t pack on the pounds to keep yourself warm when the weather gets cold! No extra fat means you’re gonna just have to deal with being cold!

.....although, this does mean that you could easily win prize money in any eating or drinking contests you enter! Er, I mean, you could do that, if such things occur during the Harvest Festival. But I get the feeling that your swords won’t allow you to do that. Which means you won’t be able to get any money and you’ll just have deal with not having any money to do or buy anything fun during the festival.

>>860965
>Has a son.
>doesn’t have a necklace of a life mate, nor the markings of a removed one.
His son was probably an orphan that he adopted from an orphanage or someone he took in off the street. And if either of those things happened, then his son might not even be a Sakkilian like him.

Another reason would be he had a kid with a woman and didn’t get married to her before the kid was born.

Whatever the explanation is, it’s none of your business and you shouldn’t pass any sort of judgment on either of them.

>What do?
Help out in the Inn and get a wooden sofa for your trouble! It’s really the best option right now.
>>
No. 861008 ID: ad51b8

>Help out in the Inn and get a wooden sofa for your trouble
>>
No. 861014 ID: fda98a

Let's help with the inn, you don't desperately need the sleeping, so you can do some cleaning until that. Say that it wasn't your intention to pry, and thank him again for his kindness.
>>
No. 861015 ID: 3ce125

Help out at the inn. There's no real drawback to this and you're guaranteed a bed. The other options are risky and you have the curfew to worry about.

Also the innkeeper smells really good.
>>
No. 861065 ID: db5ec6

Lets work, you inconvenience the least people and you don't need to sleep sleep, tha's going to be enough for now
>>
No. 861068 ID: 094652

Try to catch up because its the fast route.
>>
No. 861072 ID: 65a774
File 151675460056.png - (74.56KB , 700x550 , 20.png )
861072

>Help out at the inn. That's pretty much the best deal.
:EmaFoS: So… what do you need done, boss?
:DanusFoS: First off, it’s Danus, lass. Second, I have a whole list. Start off with dousing the hearth, there should be a barrel of water behind it. I want it completely dead by the time we’re done here. Then you can collect all the dishes on the table and place them over there just outside the kitchen. My son Drago will take care of them. After that you can try off all the tables with a dishcloth, which is hanging by the kitchen door, lass. Don’t be scared to just push any leftover food onto the floor, because that’s your next task. Use the bucketless mop located in the cupboard over there to clean the floor. Just make sure to activate the water rune on it and you’ll clean the floor in no time.
:EmaFoS: …you know, I did expect a list that was a bit shorter…
:DanusFoS: Bah, you can do it half an hour if you’re fast, lass. Now get to work while I finish up these numbers and lock the place up.
>Say that it wasn't your intention to pry, and thank him again for his kindness.
:DanusFoS: *Grumble*…

You start doing the shores as instructed, snuffing out the hearth first followed by cleaning the tables of dishes and dirt. Of course, not being the fastest, half an hour later you’re just finishing up cleaning the table and are on your way to get the mop.

>And that explains why you can’t pack on the pounds to keep yourself warm when the weather gets cold! No extra fat means you’re gonna just have to deal with being cold!
Gah, why can’t you get as round as Justina? It’s not fair…
And speaking of cold, its starts to get freezing in here after the heart was extinguished. You shudder just feeling the cold creep into your very bones…
>Also the innkeeper smells really good.
He did, didn’t he… you really want to sniff him up good if you get the chance… you can even smell him from here! In fact, it almost feels like the smell is getting closer to you by-
>>
No. 861073 ID: 65a774
File 151675460812.png - (77.93KB , 700x550 , 21.png )
861073

:DanusFoS: You’re freezing lass. Here, take this.

Suddenly, you’re draped with a very warm blanket. It must have been sitting next to the hearth for most of the day to feel this warm.

:DanusFoS: There, now finish the work and I’ll go get those pillows and blanket you wanted.

>...although, this does mean that you could easily win prize money in any eating or drinking contests you enter!
You’re not sure about that. You did feel pretty full after eating that bandit… but was that from his organic material or life energy? Hmm... Do you need to digest the organic material to get to the life energy in the first place?
>>
No. 861074 ID: 65a774
File 151675463029.png - (77.80KB , 700x550 , 22.png )
861074

But that’s thoughts for another time. Right now you want to just enjoy this warm blanket! You dub this blanket the best blanket ever, fighting the good fight against the evil cold! GO BLANKET! Why, you would just- err… suddenly there is a younger version of Danus standing in front of you. You assume that’s his son Drago? …he just… kind of stands there… staring at you…

>His son was probably an orphan that he adopted from an orphanage or someone he took in off the street.
He looks just like Danus, so you’re pretty sure they are of the same blood at least. Might be the child of a sibling he adopted, though.
>Another reason would be he had a kid with a woman and didn’t get married to her before the kid was born.
Drago is clearly over eighteen, which means if that really is Danus son he must have gotten him very young. Either that, or Danus is older than he looks, because he doesn’t look older than mid-thirties to you.

…speaking of Drago, he is still standing there, staring at you completely enchanted. You probably should say something bef-

:DragoFoS: Why do you have fathers warm blanket? Who are you? …are you one of fathers… special lady friends?
>>
No. 861077 ID: db5ec6

>>861074
yeeeeeennnnnnnooooo, I'm here working for a bed. your dad is good man
>>
No. 861078 ID: 3ce125

>>861074
Oh, hi. Tell him you just met his father today, you're helping out in exchange for sleeping arrangements. His father is very nice!
>>
No. 861079 ID: 094652

>Are you one of father's "special friends"?
"No.

I'm yours."
>>
No. 861094 ID: 22d3a4

Tell the whole truth; you're some kind of undead, cannibalistic amalgamation of murdered souls seeking retribution for your untimely deaths. But there aren't any rooms available so you're sleeping on a bench.
>>
No. 861102 ID: fda98a

"Whaaaat, nah kid, i am just helping a little to earn a bed for the night, in this case a sofa actually. Your dad is a nice man. You must be Drago. I am Ema, nice to meet you."

How does he smell? He should be your age minus ten, right?
>>
No. 861111 ID: 91ee5f

>>861072
>Gah, why can’t you get as round as Justina? It’s not fair…
Ask the swords if there’s something you can do about that. Even though it’s doubtful they’ll give you any helpful advice, it wouldn’t hurt to ask, just in case they do have any helpful advice.

>>861074
>Why do you have fathers warm blanket? Who are you? …are you one of fathers…special lady friends?
“He just now gave it to me because he saw I was freezing, I’m Ema Ligiadottir, and no I’m not. There aren’t anymore rooms available, so your father was kind enough to promise me some pillows, a blanket, and a wooden sofa to sleep on, if I helped clean the inn.”

Speaking of which, you better get back to work. That blanket isn’t going to stay warm forever! So the sooner you finish, the sooner you can go curl up with a much bigger blanket that’ll cover your entire body instead of just your arms!
>>
No. 861112 ID: ad51b8

>…are you one of fathers… special lady friends?
aaaaand happy feeling is gone.

don't get mad, he's just kid after all... sort of... and what does he smell like? Not saying eat him, god no, I'm just curious if their is anything to the "innocence of youth" thing or not... granted he's not actually a kid but still he still kinda reminds me of a awkward teenager.

Anyways tell the kid that his father offered to let you sleep on the couch if you did some chores around the inn since you're a bit short on cash and all the inn's rooms have been taken. then tell him you already got the hearth, tables, grabbed the dishes, and were just about to mop the floor.
>>
No. 861139 ID: 33cbe7

I'm sorry, did you want it?
Do you ask every lady he employs if they're sleeping together?
>>
No. 861150 ID: fe7355

"Uh, what? Oh, no, I'm not." Offer him a handshake. "I'm Ema Ligiadottir. I just arrived in town and had nowhere to stay with curfew almost here, but since I helped out Karn and Oran your father kindly offered a couch to sleep on in exchange for helping with the chores. As for the blanket, your father draped it on my shoulders, I guess because I looked as cold as I felt. Anyway, I was about to get the mop to do the floor and I'd like to hurry and finish that before this blanket cools off."

And dangit, you forgot to introduce yourself to Danus so he doesn't know your name. You'll have to remember to do that later.

>…are you one of fathers… special lady friends?
Sounds like Danus has not had any luck with finding someone who loves him and would stay with him and instead there's been a lot of relationships that don't last.

>Gah, why can’t you get as round as Justina? It’s not fair…
Didn't figure you for wanting boobs, ya weirdo. Heh. But seriously, imagine working a forge if you had a plush figure like her. It'd be like wearing three overcoats all year round. Your thin figure just handles the summer heat well and the winter cold badly. And as for sex appeal, there's guys and gals out there who like toned muscle more than loads of curves.

That said, are you feeling the cold worse than you remember you did when you were alive this time of year? You may not be putting out enough body heat, or you are and your sense of cold has been heightened because of your change.

>Drago is clearly over eighteen, which means if that really is Danus son he must have gotten him very young.
How much you wanna bet it was a teenage fling and she split after laying the egg, leaving Danus to raise Drago alone?

>>861077
>>861078
Better rework the phrasing. As is it sounds a little bit like you're doing these chores in exchange for sharing a bed with Danus.

>>861079
...While you wish you could be for the handsome guy, it'd be way too forward, so that'll be a "no" to this.

>>861094
And this gets a definite "hell no!"

>>861102
>How does he smell? He should be your age minus ten, right?
Chronologically, he would, but your physical appearance would be the same as when you were killed, nineteen years old. ...Though, would it? You haven't gotten a look at your reflection, have you?

>>861139
>I'm sorry, did you want it?
Looks like he already has a blanket of his own draped over his shoulders.
>>
No. 861168 ID: fda98a

>>861150
Well, "we" perceive her as if she hadn't aged, and she doesn't seem to have the wound that she received in her head.
Nobody said anything about it either.
This could be because of the pact she "made" with the swords. Maybe we could ask the swords about this later.
>>
No. 861172 ID: 6780f5

>>861094
Presented in this way it won't come across as serious and does let you at least get it off your chest while being able to play it off as a joke.
>>
No. 861223 ID: bb652e

>>861079
But I could be yours?
Say nothing else but let the smirk on your face grow as he struggles to compose himself.

Also I wanna know something swords, are we actually good at fighting or is it you giving us the skill?
>>
No. 861292 ID: 65a774
File 151680898913.png - (46.08KB , 700x550 , 23.png )
861292

>Tell the whole truth; you're some kind of undead, cannibalistic amalgamation of murdered souls seeking retribution for your untimely deaths.
That would be a great way to scare the poor kid… and then be thrown into the street by his father.
>How much you wanna bet it was a teenage fling and she split after laying the egg, leaving Danus to raise Drago alone?
That would also explain his deathglare aimed towards Justina. Bards in general are known to travel around and get kids in every city that they don’t raise themselves.
>Sounds like Danus has not had any luck with finding someone who loves him and would stay with him and instead there's been a lot of relationships that don't last.
And it won’t be getting easier at his age either. Most women prefer new and fresh blood, even the older ladies. That, and he already have a son…
>He should be your age minus ten, right?
He is clearly not older than 19 at most, while you’re 22… 32… err… wait. You were 22 ten years ago but… you didn’t actually experience these ten years? By Helve, you’re pretty sure you can remember things that happened a thousand years ago… does that means you’re over a thousand years old? …or were you born in the forest just a few… actually, you can’t remember the sun setting when you were wandering out there so… today? So… you’re either 22, 32, over a 1000 or born today…

>I wanna know something swords, are we actually good at fighting or is it you giving us the skill?
:SwordFoS: Remember those before you, and learn from their skill and experience. Without it… you are but a daughter of a smith.
>Ask the swords if there’s something you can do about laying on some fat.
… … …dammit sword, it was a legit question. Don’t ignore it!
>Didn't figure you for wanting boobs, ya weirdo.
…why would you want to have a pair of fat bags on your chest? They just look weird.
>How does he smell?
Like his father, but more… pure? Danus had these splashes of grey that was hidden by the pure white, Drago does not.
:SwordFoS: Purity is not perfection. Seek redemption and forgiveness and your innocent will be returned.
>Not saying eat him...
You really don’t want too. He and his father smell more like… flowers, not food. Something that you want around that smells nice, but not eat.


:EmaFoS: No... I'm yours.

You can see a chock and a speck of fear well up in his eyes as he takes a step back.

:EmaFoS: *snrk* I’m just kidding. No, I’m no one’s special lady friend… at least at the moment.
:DragoFoS: …then… what are doing down here?
:EmaFoS: There aren’t any more rooms available, so your father was kind enough to promise me some pillows, a blanket and a wooden sofa to sleep on if I helped clean the inn.
:DragoFoS: Oh… that would explain why it went so quick today…
:EmaFoS: You must be Drago, correct? I am Ema, nice to meet you!
:DragoFoS: Oh… err… nice to meet you to, Ema.
:EmaFoS: As for the blanket, he came by just a second ago and draped it over me. I guess he saw I was freezing.
:DragoFoS: Oh… I… um…
:EmaFoS: You’re father is a very nice man, you know.
:DragoFoS: He is, isn’t he…
:EmaFoS: So… *snrk*do you ask every lady he employs if they are his special lady or…?
:DragoFoS: Oh… err… my apologies but… um… it was the blanket. He is usually fiercely protective of it so when he gave it to you I though… um…
:EmaFoS: …because of a blanket?
:DragoFoS: And I was kind of hoping he would have found a new one by now… it’s been a long time since he was really happy and he just gets grumpier by the day... err… wait, why am I- I shouldn’t speak about this to you!
:EmaFoS: Don’t worry, I won’t gossip.
:DragoFoS: Thanks…

>Speaking of which, you better get back to work. That blanket isn’t going to stay warm fore-
:DanusFoS: Drago, go clean the floor. Lass, come with me and I’ll show you your “bed”.
:DragoFoS: Right away, father!
:EmaFoS: Err… wait, wasn’t that my job?
:DanusFoS: You see, lass-
:EmaFoS: My name is Ema, by the way.
:DanusFoS: You see, Ema, lass, I actually want this floor cleaned today and seeing how you seem to be doing nothing but stand there under a warm blanket…
:EmaFoS: Err… sorry, but your son kind of-
:DanusFoS: No excuses. Now come with me.

He takes you to a small room fitted with a small window, several chairs, a sofa and a table with a two ashtrays and a pipe laying on it. Going by the smell, this seems to be some kind smoking room.

:DanusFoS: There, it isn’t much but it’s something for tonight at least. Oh, and I hope you won’t mind the smell.
:EmaFoS: It’s fine, sir.
:DanusFoS: Danus, lass. Oh, and if something is stolen when I wake up then I’ll know who to blame, you understand. Tracking down a blue Sakkilian will not be hard in this city.
:EmaFoS: Duly noted.
:DanusFoS: Now, was there something else? Because I do not want you coming by and waking me in the middle of the night over some trivialities.

Looking over at Danus, you can see him shiver a tad from the cold. He is probably used of having a warm blanket on a cold autumn eve like this.
>>
No. 861295 ID: b15da4

You don't have to sleep, so just keep a watch for thieves in the night.
>>
No. 861297 ID: 904bad

Welp, you got some new blankets on the bench, return him the one you have and thank him, and go to.. sleep? ehm, the swords said that you don't need sleep, but can you? If not, this is going to be a long and boring night...
>>
No. 861308 ID: 6780f5

Well, if you don't need to sleep, may as well just meditate on the couch or something. That way you probably won't be as startled when someone inevitably breaks in.
>>
No. 861311 ID: 2a304c

If you don't feel cold, you snould give the blanket back.
>>
No. 861321 ID: 6780f5

Oh yeah, definitely give the blanket back. The cold isn't actually going to hurt you.
>>
No. 861322 ID: fda98a

If you are not goign o sleep, take this time to ask things to the swords, search around your mind and try to find some knolege of the others before you. And if you are not cold, retur the blanket to it's owner.

Meybe the purity of the soul might be tainted with knowledge. Knowledge not allways cames from a good expirience or from a good action. You have to make mistakes to learn good from wrong and some times you don't even realise that you have done somthing bad. Giving that Drago is younger, he might be less impure, has comited less mistakes or bad actions unlike his father.
>>
No. 861326 ID: 3ce125

>>861292
Give him his blanket back, ask if he wants to talk for a bit before bed? Get your sheets and bundle up in them to stay warm.

Ask him about running a tavern, does he get any problems with customers?
>>
No. 861332 ID: 65a774
File 151682103223.png - (34.18KB , 700x550 , 24.png )
861332

>Welp, you got some new blankets on the bench, return him the one you have and thank him.
:DanusFoS: Hmm? Ah, yes, thank you lass. I was going to ask for that back.
>Ask if he wants to talk for a bit before bed?
:DanusFoS: Hrnn… I have a few things I need to do and I rather not stay up to long… but I can spare a few minutes, lass.
>Ask him about running a tavern, does he get any problems with customers?
:DanusFoS: The tavern? Why would you… no, it’s fine. The only problem we’ve ever had is… never mind, it’s not your concern. Now, if there wasn’t anything else…?
:EmaFoS: Not that I can think off. Goodnight Danus.
:DanusFoS: Goodnight Ema. Oh, and my apologies for the cold. The isolation on the bottom floor is less than… good nowadays.
:EmaFoS: It’s fine, don’t worry about it.
:DanusFoS: Then may the three bless your dreams, lass.


>You don't have to sleep, so just keep a watch for thieves in the night.
That sounds terribly, terribly boring… and what are the chances that burglar would hit this place tonight of all things?
>Well, if you don't need to sleep, may as well just meditate on the couch or something.
:SwordFoS: Remember the past… and become whole.

As you lay down on the sofa, you’re quickly reminded that you’re not used to sleep on such a hard surface. Luckily, you’re not here to sleep, but instead to meditate on the memories on those before you. As you shield yourself from the cold with your blanket, you start to wander deeper into yourself…

Gev the Highwayman has been digested.
Huge sample of Varkian protein obtained!
New form unlocked: Gev the Highwayman.
>>
No. 861333 ID: 65a774
File 151682104116.png - (56.70KB , 700x550 , 25.png )
861333

End of days stats:

Kills: 2
Items: 2
Secrets: 0
Consumed: 1

Allies: 1
Enemies: 1
Forms: 1

Cheeses: 0
Grains of Dust: 0
Mating Presses: 0

Hardest kill: Harvey the highwayman.

Current rating: D-.

Tips: Collect additional protein by feeding to gain new forms!
>>
No. 861334 ID: 65a774
File 151682105114.png - (38.58KB , 700x550 , 26.png )
861334

Your old memories that you traveled through was plagued by a constant cold, as freezing mountains where climbed, frigid rivers was swam and bitter nights where endured. The memories were diverse and unique, save for one thing… the cold. Then, not long before you reemerge from the memories, you’re embraced by warmth. All the sudden, the memories are about lost lovers of a bygone age. They are of all species, of all genders and all kind of ages… all diverse and unique, save for one thing… the coldness that comes after they leave you.

You return to consciousness as a new day dawns and feel rejuvenated. Not because of your rest, but because of your meal finally being properly consumed. In fact, if feels like a completely new part of you have awoken. Of course, with one primal part of you sated with food, another one takes its place soon enough. What with the memories of lovers and significant others plaguing your supposed dreams, your body screams out for you to find a mate that can put an egg inside you. You… you really should ignore that part of your brain… at least the egg part of it…
>>
No. 861337 ID: fda98a

You can still lay eggs? Well now, death seem to be kind to you.
Alas, you can't go around thinking about that. At least not now. Retribiution comes first.

It would make sense that you would be able to acquire new "parts of your self", giving that the swords should have been in the posesion of many individuals of diferent spicies.
>>
No. 861345 ID: 3ce125

>>861334
Hmm. Pipe's missing and you have another warm blanket. I'm thinking Danus got up before you, came in to get his pipe for a smoke and decided to leave you his blanket. Well, get up and prepare yourself for the day. Go say thanks to Danus before you leave. Maybe stay and chat for a bit? After that you can take up Karn on his sparring.
...I just realized, you should've looted those bandits you killed, surely they had money on them? Oh well maybe you can find work in town or... something.

...hmm, you can turn into Gev now? (I guess Kaktus really liked I Am) Not sure if that will be any use just yet.
>>
No. 861348 ID: 6780f5

Hey, look at that, you have a second blanket. If one person has been able to enter your room without rousing you, then more could've. Check your stuff.
>>
No. 861424 ID: 2fc32e

Huh, that guy is truly a good man... WAIT, you remember the things that Gev the Highwayman lived? Hey sword! How does transformation work! It cost you anything? take long? can transform partway? (like, having Gev's head but Emas body?) and she can't breed... can she?
>>
No. 861426 ID: ad51b8

the pipe on the end table is gone and you have a second blanket on you now... hope that doesn't mean you've slept in. As for the egg making part of your brain... nooooooot to sure how good of an idea that is since your, well, undead. Just saying would probably be a bitch to save a relationship with anyone once they find out what you are, plus I feel if we piss off those guys who killed your village I wouldn't be surprised if they start targeting those close to you as well.

Anyways as for what to do. Go downstairs see how Justina is doing and then wonder over to Karn's place for that spar... speaking of which try to remember how to use a sword because the swords say that you should know based off some of the other lives you've, uh, lived.
>>
No. 861461 ID: 91ee5f

>>861292
>………dammit sword, it was a legit question. Don’t ignore it!
Try beating it against something until it answers you!

>>861334
Let’s not try transforming at all. Someone could walk in right now and freak the fuck out!

>Egg
Not even sure if that’s possible anymore. But you should take out the guy you’re looking for first, that way there won’t be any bad guys to target the people you care about.
>>
No. 861530 ID: 22d3a4

Try and remember some of your other pasts: remember, you were killed by a spear once, and once by an axe; once by hanging and once on a pyre. Try to remember the circumstances behind them, and let your memory branch out from there.
>>
No. 861594 ID: 830fb7

Do you think Karn will be up yet if so do you think that the training hall is open, If so we can go there and do that training with him that he so wanted to do. Good to keep in shape in the morning and after we can go around looking for your sinful target. First though we should check up on the barkeep and return his stuff all neat and folded with a thank you for letting you stay.
>>
No. 861596 ID: 094652

I don't think undead bodily functions can ovulate. Not until you restore your biological functions with more Devour targets.

For now, sword practice. Then grab some intel.
>>
No. 861601 ID: 33cbe7

That's... not how eggs work. I wonder what they're serving for breakfast.
>>
No. 861637 ID: fe7355

That warm blanket Danus had is draped across you and the pipe is gone from the table. Danus probably slipped in here, cleaned away the pipe and emptied the ashtrays and kindly put that blanket on you at the same time. What a dear he is. ...Though, it could have been Drago, but you don't think that's as likely. ...Goddesses, how is this blanket so warm? Is there a heating rune stitched into it or something? You wish you could just lay here in its warmth forever, but your duty to Justice calls.

Get up (reluctantly,) fold up the blankets and gather them with the pillows to return to Danus. Thank him for laying that warm blanket on you as you slept. You were feeling the chill more than you expected and you're grateful he did. If he has any chores you could help out with this morning, you'd be glad to. Or maybe some maintenance work that's been put off that a strong gal like you could do.

See if Justina is up yet. You can sit with her at breakfast, though unfortunately you don't have coin for your own meal. You can get away with not eating this time, but if you aren't seen eating meals it'll eventually draw attention.

Now, what choices do you have for what to do today? You already said you'd spar with Karn sometime today, but you don't know if the training hall is even open yet so that can be for later. You have that corn pin symbol to look in the library for. Better draw it so you can show it to the librarians or anyone else you think might know about it. You also wanted to visit the Vark nomads, see if they're the same group that went through Dalriver. You could also walk the streets to see if you can sniff out any strong sources of injustice and guilt. Walking around the city watch station and the watch members to sniff out which ones are good and bad would also be a decent idea.

Before you shift into the form of Gev you should check the wanted criminal posters and listings for his name and description. If he's known wanted criminal in Stoneburg then his form is gonna get attention you don't want from the city watch. ...And also look up Henry, the Sakkilian highwayman. If he has a bounty on his head then you'll be kicking yourself for not thinking of taking his head with you to cash in.

What are the capabilities and limitations of your form shifting? How quickly can you shift forms, how long do you have to wait between shifts, how many times can you do so and what is needed to be done to recharge this ability? Do the forms come clothed or are you going to need to get outfits for each of them?

Think about potential targets for consumption and for being judged and cut down. Consumption targets who's form or removal would be helpful in your primary quest should be high priority. That wicked guard you smelled on the way into the city would be a decent intermediate target. Taking the form of a guard would allow you to move about the city after curfew, assuming their uniform came with the form.

Also keep your eyes and nose out for those guilty who have a voluptuous figure like Justinia's. You could never naturally grow such a curvy figure, but you could still experience it if you devour someone that has one and shift into their form. Just keep it a low priority in choosing your targets, okay.

You should also consider your options for sating your resurgent sex drive. Justina would likely be the easiest to bed, as long as cunnilingus would be enough to satisfy you. Otherwise your choices to pursue are, that you've encountered so far, Karn, Oran, Danus, and maybe Drago.

And related to your sex drive: Are you fertile? Can you still conceive a egg? What about your fertility in other forms? If you shift into a male form, will you be "shooting blanks?" This would be your chance to find out what being male and having a dick feels like. But whatever your fertility is, you'll still be using bitterweed when laying with a member of your form's species of the opposite sex, if only because it's normal to unless you want children.

You should remember to take some time to delve into those memories you have and see if any of those they came from heard or even understand the language those that destroyed Dalriver used. If you're lucky then at least one will have and it'll provide a clue to who or what they are.
>>
No. 861748 ID: 91ee5f

>>861637
>Many very good questions about changing forms.
Let’s ask the swords those questions, since they’ve had many hosts that have asked many of those same questions, so they should be able to provide answers to those questions.
>>
No. 861761 ID: 65a774
File 151691029765.png - (40.07KB , 700x550 , 27.png )
861761

>Try and remember some of your other pasts.
Your head just hurts… you guess you’ve remembered enough for now.

>You can still lay eggs?
…you have no idea. Helve, you don’t even know if you could do so before you died, seeing as you actually need to get laid before you start carrying an egg.
>Just saying would probably be a bitch to save a relationship with anyone once they find out what you are…
Love conquers all, like in the stories? Of course, you’ve never heard a story about an undead monstrosity that eats people fall in love before…
>You should also consider your options for sating your resurgent sex drive.
So far you don’t know anyone here but on a really thin surface level. You’ve barely gotten here, after all. Still…

>Justina.
…she really does have some… interesting curves, yes… and is probably easy to… um… though, it will be, as Danus put it, without real passion or love…
>Karn.
He is rather different from other males you’ve met… though you’re sure how you would even approach him with the subject without annoying him.
>Oran.
Smelly, only got one arm and is a Serpents. You’re not sure how you feel about that… you’ve never really mingled with one of those before. He seems nice, though…
>Danus.
A bit old… but is really nice… and smell nice too. You guess he is good looking for his age as well. Oh, and he would be rather experienced in the subject matter…
>Drago.
Cute, shy and innocent… he really does remind you of Tidol, doesn’t he? Though... you’re pretty sure Danus will have something to say if you try to seduce him. Hmm… but what if… both of them… father and son… one experienced and caring, the other eager an-
>Alas, you can't go around thinking about that. At least not now. Retribution comes first.
R-right… Justice and all that… you need to find the one who did that to your family first… though… after all that happen you kind of feel like you deserve some form of R&R…
>you'll still be using bitterweed when laying with a member of your form's species of the opposite sex, if only because it's normal to unless you want children.
You’re not taking any chances… though, you need to actually get bitterweed first.

>...I just realized, you should've looted those bandits you killed, surely they had money on them?
You did loot them. The one you didn’t eat didn’t have any money on him and the only other thing you found was a backpack filled with… what you would at best call food for the really desperate.
>...hmm, you can turn into Gev now?
…and suddenly you’re covered in feathers, have a beak and are very small… what the fu-
>>
No. 861762 ID: 65a774
File 151691031095.png - (59.41KB , 700x550 , 28.png )
861762

:EmaFoS: *HARK*COUGH*COUGH*BARF!* Ugh… w-what?

…did… did you just spit out a… a… belt buckle and a… something that’s so eroded that you can’t actually see what it is anymore? What?

>WAIT, you remember the things that Gev the Highwayman did while alive?
…nnnnope?
>Hey sword! How does transformation work!? It cost you anything? Take long? Can we transform partway?
:SwordFoS: Steal the shapes of the guilty… or create new shapes from the embrace of the innocent.
:EmaFoS: (…that wasn’t what I asked at all! Embracing what? What does that even mean? …hello? Dammit sword, answer me!)
>Try beating it against something until it answers you!
You try to hit the sword hilt against the wall a few times to no avail, this thing simply don’t want to talk. Gah, you have no idea if there’s actually someone in there talking to you or if it’s just some… magical talky… thingy? You guess you’ll just have to experiment with the shape stealing nonsense later…

>Hmm. Pipe's missing and you have another warm blanket. I'm thinking Danus got up before you, came in to get his pipe for a smoke and decided to leave you his blanket.
Huh, you didn’t notice it at first but… it is his blanket again, isn’t it?
>...Goddesses, how is this blanket so warm? Is there a heating rune stitched into it or something?
…it’s just lukewarm by now… you guess he must put it by the hearth or something?
>If one person has been able to enter your room without rousing you, then more could've. Check your stuff.
:SwordFoS: Only one person entered your domain last night. A being of pure heart and no ill intent, thus I didn’t see the point in pulling you out of our memories.
>>
No. 861763 ID: 65a774
File 151691032119.png - (36.67KB , 700x550 , 29.png )
861763

>We should check up on the barkeep and return his stuff all neat and folded with a thank you for letting you stay.
:DanusFoS: Why, lass, you’re up bright and early. I didn’t wake you, did you?
:EmaFoS: No, I didn’t even notice you come in.
:DanusFoS: Ah, good. See, I needed to pick up my pipe before I left and as I have no idea how long you would sleep…
:EmaFoS: It’s fine, really. Here, the bed stuff you borrowed me, and thank you for letting me stay here for the night… and for the extra blanket as well.
:DanusFoS: Don’t mention it, lass. Just leave the pillows over there… and hang the blanket by the hearth before you leave.
>I wonder what they're serving for breakfast.
:DanusFoS: There is a plate of bread, cheese, juice and a fruit of your choice. Just three silvers and it will be yours, lass.
:EmaFoS: Parogranat fruit?
:DanusFoS: Sadly, I don’t think I have any Paragranat fruit, no.
:EmaFoS: Aw…
>If he has any chores you could help out with this morning, you'd be glad to. Or maybe some maintenance work that's been put off that a strong gal like you could do.
:DanusFoS: Well, I do have a few extra kegs of ale and wine I need brought up from the basement, if you have the time, lass. I’ll let you have breakfast for free if you do.
:EmaFoS: Ale and Wine? You think there will be a lot of drinking tonight?
:DanusFoS: The festival starts properly tomorrow, lass. I need to be prepared for it.


>Now, what choices do you have for what to do today?
Let’s see… let’s start with remembering your main goals.

Find those responsible for ten years ago and KILL. THEM. ALL.
Figure out what, exactly, you are and what the swords are.
Get some coin and some new clothes, because these are falling apart right now.
Learn to wield your swords better.
Find someone to eat.
Find a cute boy / gal to fuck you senseless.
Find a way to relax a bit…

Now, how to solve them…

The library (They are bound to have information about those emblems, the undead and the swords).
Vark Nomads (They were there, they must know something about the attack).
Mercenary post (They are the one to ask about known criminals, after all).
Training hall (You did promise Karn that you would spar with him).
Stay at the inn (Help Danus, get breakfast, maybe even wait for Justina to wake up? Something tells you she’s a heavy sleeper).
Roam the streets (There’s bound to be food out there, somewhere…).
>>
No. 861767 ID: 3ce125

>>861762
>or create new shapes from the embrace of the innocent.
ehehehe you get new shapes by fucking
>father and son
Don't be a creep.

Get the barrels for him so you can keep up appearances of actually needing to eat regular food. Then head to the training hall.
>>
No. 861769 ID: 91ee5f

>>861763
>Just leave the pillows over there…and hang the blanket by the hearth before you leave.
Make sure you do this first, so you don’t accidentally leave with his blanket.

Then help Danus and get a free breakfast to keep up appearances that you need food. Don’t wait for Justina, since you’ve got no idea how long it’s going to take her to wake up.

The only problem is, you don’t know if The Library, Vark Nomads, Mercenary post, or Training hall are even open this early! Hell, you don’t even know where some of these places are! So you’ve kinda got no choice but to roam the streets to pass the time until these places are open and/or you discover where they’re located. Finding someone to eat is just a bonus, but don’t make it a priority, since you’re not starving yet.
>>
No. 861770 ID: a02973

Stay at the inn, help out and have breakfast (even if you don't need it).
Then Training hall to see if we can't improve our combat skills.
Then take a break by going to the Vark Nomads to get more info.
Then to The library with all the info we got.
And if there's still time in the day the Mercenary post for whatever reasons, like finding some soul food or a quick fuck if we haven't already gotten one.
>>
No. 861791 ID: ad51b8

Stay at the inn for now to get breakfast and see how Justina is holding up. Then head to the training hall to see if you actually know how to swing those swords around, then hit up the mercenary post to see if you can't find a way to make money/eat.
>>
No. 861849 ID: f9f054

OK, the swords were at a temple, so are they associated to some religion or some local cult? even if you can't get into a temple, a priest of the religion associated with the sword may know something... but may not be a good idea to collude with the holy too much...

Stay at inn, then go find the not-gypsies
>>
No. 861857 ID: fda98a

Yeano, you either fuck the son, or you fuck the dad,not the two simultainly, that is awkward as fuck. But that is for later.

Now let's help in the inn, maybe get to know the owner and his son, preferably the son fufufu, and then we go and swing your swords for a while. And then we find someone to eat.
>>
No. 861890 ID: fe7355

Stay at the inn, help Danus and eat breakfast but don't wait around for Justina once you're done eating. Do ask Danus if he'd give you a sheet of paper and lend you something to write with. That way you can draw the corn emblem and write out what info you know about the swords, what you are, those that destroyed Dalriver and the bits of the language they spoke. Then you can show that paper to a librarian or scholar at the library so they can easily reference it while helping you look up relevant info.

Next, visit the training hall to spar with Karn. Make sure to meditate a few minutes before you do on your older souls' memories of sparring and swordsmanship.

After that visit the mercenary hall. It's right next to the training hall, so it'll take next to no time. Look up Gev's name and physical description to check if he's seriously wanted, in that the city watch will chase his ass down on sight. You'd have to take care in using his form then. Don't bother looking up other known criminals for potential bounties or food. The ones with sense will not be walking about the city, instead either laying low or already left, and the dumb ones the city watch will have nabbed already. You'll be hard pressed to find any of them. You can also check the merc job board for anything low paying in the city to do for some coin, but with your zero rep, no record of skills and no gear besides your swords, don't figure anyone would hire you.

Then head to the library to research what you are, your swords are, the killers from ten years ago were and the language they spoke. Don't get sucked into reading and lose track of time.

After that, head out to the Vark nomads. Check out what games and amusements they have before visiting their fortune teller and asking around if they're the ones who visited Dalriver a decade ago. They may also know what the corn emblem is, so show 'em the paper you drew it on, if you did draw it.

Before you leave the inn, ask Danus if he knows if there's anyone around who has odd jobs or unskilled labor you could do for a bit of coin. Also if there's a second-hand clothes shop around, since your duds are falling apart and you doubt you could afford brand new clothes. Either that or someone who'd stitch your clothes back into decent-enough shape for cheap.

Think up some ideas for using your supernatural strength, endurance, bottomless stomach and presumably no need to breathe to make some coin fast. Games of strength at the festival perhaps, though you'd need to pay and they usually pay out in prizes and not coin. Athletic bets on yourself, such as a footrace or arm wrestling, but you still need money to make the initial bets. A pie or other food eating contest at the festival, but usually they have a entry fee to keep out folk that just want the food. Relatedly, a bar bet against someone on how much booze you can drink before passing out or tapping out, but you'd need money to pay for the drinks and the bet. And you could always sniff out someone that's guilty enough to eat or kill that also has money and take it after taking them down.

You didn't want to confront whatever or whoever is disappearing folks at night because you didn't want to go in blind, but what if you could get a look at who or whatever it is first? You could lay out bait for it, in the form of some irredeemably guilty person you'd eat or execute anyway, then watch from a nearby building for the abductor. Getting someone like that passing out drunk and dumping them in the gutter in the poor part of town after dark would fit the usual folk that get snatched up. You could drug them as well to keep them out all night. You'd need to do some set-up and site scouting first, though, and find suitable bait and a way to bag 'em and get 'em in position. It'd be doable but take time.

>though you’re sure how you would even approach him with the subject without annoying him.
Then don't be the one to approach him, let him approach you if and when he's interested. And treat him with respect like you'd like someone to treat you.

>You’re not sure how you feel about that… you’ve never really mingled with one of those before. He seems nice, though…
He also seemed kinda like he was interested in Justina, what with him being all flustered around her and what he said when you suggested Karn was barking up the wrong tree.

>You’re not taking any chances… though, you need to actually get bitterweed first.
If you need some, try asking Justina. She probably has an entire boxful to prevent unwanted "accidents" from her stereotypically promiscuous bardic lifestyle. Otherwise, you'd need some coin and a visit to the apothecary, or maybe Oran would have some in stock and would sell it cheaper to you. And it's the lady who usually carries the bitterweed and not the guy, right? So don't expect the guy to keep it around.

>…and suddenly you’re covered in feathers, have a beak and are very small… what the fu-
So all it took was thinking of turning into Gev and you did so? You'll have to be careful you don't do that accidentally in public. And you remained unclothed when you shifted, right? Looks like you'll need to get outfits for your forms too. Now you kinda wish you had eaten Henry, the Sakkilian, since your clothes could have sorta fit his form.

>…did… did you just spit out a… a… belt buckle and a… something that’s so eroded that you can’t actually see what it is anymore? What?
That corroded thing was the blade of the dagger Gev was wielding. The sword did say that everything organic that went down your gullet would be destroyed, which excludes minerals. Hope you disposed of them discreetly. But why did you puke 'em up now and not earlier? Did you have to digest Gev fully first, or was it shifting into Gev's form that triggered it? Either way, you'll have to remember to allow for time in private to vomit up non-organics from anyone you devour and means to dispose of them. Also that if they have coins or valuables on them you want you should try and puke them up sooner. Oh, and that diamonds are carbon, thus organic so they'll be destroyed if you eat 'em.

>Steal the shapes of the guilty… or create new shapes from the embrace of the innocent.
You have a feeling it'll take more than just hugging a innocent person to get their shape. Consider it a bonus to getting laid, eh. ...Would make getting a Uredo's shape damn hard this way, though.

>Gah, you have no idea if there’s actually someone in there talking to you or if it’s just some… magical talky… thingy?
Best guess is that it's the voice of the original soul imbued into the sword upon its creation, meant to guide those who are bound to it after upon the path of Justice. Might not actually be sapient and more akin to a highly advanced construct.

>Parogranat fruit?
There might be a stand at the fairgrounds selling that sugar-dipped parogrant fruit you like so much for the festival. Check around for that when you visit the Vark nomads.

>>861769
>Hell, you don’t even know where some of these places are!
She can ask Danus where those are and there's a city map on the wall next to the inn's front door she can use to figure out a route.
>>
No. 861919 ID: 22d3a4

Flex on 'em by moving the stuff in one trip, then go to the training hall.
>>
No. 861955 ID: 35089a

if we can turn int a bird dude dos that mean we have a bird dick
>>
No. 862004 ID: fda98a

>>861955
Probably, yeah, but if i understand correctly, we can be a bird and still be a female, but i am not sure if we would need to consume a female bird first, or we can just make some sort of hybrid.
>>
No. 862046 ID: 65a774
File 151700228465.png - (49.01KB , 700x550 , 30.png )
862046

>ehehehe you get new shapes by fucking.
…that can’t be right… can it?
>Consider it a bonus to getting laid.
It would explain why your body is suddenly so… um… hungry for it… well, you guess you need to get laid then?
>Find some soul food or a quick fuck.
You’re not going to sleep with the first person you find available… you’re not that kind of gal…

>Don't be a creep.
Hey, a gal your age has the right to fantasize about being sandwiched between two handsome males that are… well, if you ignore that they are family and… hmm… maybe you should replace one of them with Karn or something?
>if we can turn into a bird dude does that mean we have a bird dick?
You believe so? All of you felt bird like…
>OK, the swords were at a temple, so are they associated to some religion or some local cult?
They were wielded by a saint once… though, how widespread that belief actually is you don’t know.
>Even if you can't get into a temple, a priest of the religion associated with the sword may know something.
Hmm… might be prudent to find someone who knows religion then…


>Help Danus and get a free breakfast to keep up appearances that you need food.
:DanusFoS: The kegs are down there. Now, they are rather heavy, so you’ll need to go down there more than once to get them all up here.
:EmaFoS: More than once, eh?
>Flex on 'em by moving the stuff in one trip.
Using your superior strength, you barely easily managed to bring up all the kegs in one go. While doing so, you make sure that your sleeves are rolled up completely to show off your muscles working to the Sakkilian duo waiting for you. It works wonders, as Danus is visible excited when you finally put down the kegs… and Drago is so hot and bothered that he refuses to make eye contact with you.
:DanusFoS: Why, lass, I didn’t think you had it in you!
:DragoFoS: Um… t-that was… err…
:EmaFoS: It’s w-was nothing… *huff*… n-nothing really… n-now… *huff*… about that breakfast.
:DanusFoS: Ah, I’ll go get it right away, lass.
>Maybe try to get to know the owner and his son a bit better, preferably the son fufufu…
:EmaFoS: So… Drago… your thoughts seem heavy, care to share?
:DragoFoS: Eh!? Oh… um… it’s nothing… I’m just… err… thinking about what I need to do today, that’s all.
:EmaFoS: At the inn, you mean?
:DragoFoS: Actually, no. Father and I only works the evenings so I got the whole day free.
:EmaFoS: Then what are you up to today? I might even have time to drop by.
:DragoFoS: Err… well… I w-was going to the library and… um… the park to try and extend my collection of… err… you see...?
:DanusFoS: And here is your breakfast lass. Hope you enjoy your meal. And son, can you go and unbar the door and put out the open sign?
:DragoFoS: Of course father, right away.
:DanusFoS: Thank you.

>Ask Danus if he knows if there's anyone around who has odd jobs or unskilled labor you could do for a bit of coin.
:DanusFoS: Well, lass, I’m sure you can find work down at the center plaza. They’ll probably need every strong lass like you they can get to set up and maintain the Festival area. Otherwise, if you’re sure of those blades of yours, then the mercenary post might have some requests you can fulfil.
>Also if there's a second-hand clothes shop around, since your duds are falling apart and you doubt you could afford brand new clothes.
:DanusFoS: There’s thumblers down on cloudberry street, she’s cheap. Though, don’t go there late, as it is on the edge of a bad neighborhood, lass.
>Don’t wait for Justina, since you’ve got no idea how long it’s going to take her to wake up.
Even as you eat your breakfast at a slow and steady pace, there is no sign of Justina at all. You’ll just have to say hi to her later.

Cheese Found! 5x point bonus!
>>
No. 862047 ID: 65a774
File 151700229341.png - (32.65KB , 700x550 , 31.png )
862047

>Next, visit the training hall to spar with Karn.
After your breakfast and saying goodbye to the innkeepers, you follow the direction you got from the inn map to the training hall Karn is master off. It’s a bit of a walk, but it’s still early when you arrive there.

What you find there, on the other hand, was not what you expected. The hall itself is… or was an expensive looking building with many large windows dotting its wooden walls. Now, there is a large hole in one of the windows as well as some rather prominent writing saying “GET OUT”… and going by the noticeable different quality in window panes and paint on other parts of the building, this isn’t the first time something like this has happen.

>Then don't be the one to approach Karn, let him approach you if and when he's interested.
Then the question is; how do you get Karn interested in you?
>Oran also seemed kinda like he was interested in Justina, what with him being all flustered around her and what he said when you suggested Karn was barking up the wrong tree.
You’re pretty sure that was just because her ample… assets. You’d peg Oran as a guy who doesn’t… ah… see a lot of action.
>If you need some bitterweed, try asking Justina. She probably has an entire boxful to prevent unwanted "accidents" from her stereotypically promiscuous bardic lifestyle.
Hmm… you might need to ask her if you can borrow some later…

>So all it took was thinking of turning into Gev and you did so? You'll have to be careful you don't do that accidentally in public.
You didn’t just think, you… felt like Gev… you can’t really describe it, but you don’t think you’ll do it accidently… not anymore.
>And you remained unclothed when you shifted, right? Looks like you'll need to get outfits for your forms too.
Or one outfit that can fit most forms. Some kind of robe, maybe? Hmm…
>That corroded thing was the blade of the dagger Gev was wielding. The sword did say that everything organic that went down your gullet would be destroyed, which excludes minerals. Hope you disposed of them discreetly.
Unless someone goes through the inn’s trashpile piece by piece they won’t find them. Still, you better watch what you eat in the future… maybe try and get all the metal off your prey before eating them? …or just get them naked?

You know, this place seems to be locked up. Maybe you came by a bit early after all? You don’t see-
>>
No. 862048 ID: 65a774
File 151700230163.png - (50.58KB , 700x550 , 32.png )
862048

:KarnFoS: Ah, Ema!?
:EmaFoS: Karn? …you sound surprised?

You notice that he deliberately tries to stand between you and the vandalized window, as if he’s trying to hide it from you.

:KarnFoS: I… um… didn’t actually expect you to come by… err… I mean, come by so early! …yes, this early…
:EmaFoS: I’m just an early riser, I guess?
:KarnFoS: Well, that makes two of us then, I guess. Haha… hah… um…
:EmaFoS: I’m not too early, I am?
:KarnFoS: Oh, no, not at all… well, for a proper spar, you kind of is. I usually want to get some warm up and training in before doing anything like that but… if you want to spar right now then… I guess I’m up for it?
>>
No. 862050 ID: 3ce125

>>862048
Sure.

During the spar, ask him who's been giving him trouble. Anything you can help with?
>>
No. 862057 ID: a633c6

Look over his shoulder and ask if somebody's been giving him trouble.
>if you want to spar right now then… I guess I’m up for it?
Educate me, o wizened master.
>>
No. 862058 ID: ad51b8

ask if he wouldn't mind doing warm ups together since you did just get up, ask how things have been.
>>
No. 862060 ID: 6780f5

Since you're not actually getting anything essential out of it, you should really be eating as little as possible when someone gives you food for free.
>>
No. 862061 ID: 91ee5f

>>862046
>Take the form of the innocent you lay with.
That’s dangerous for whoever you pretend to be. If you get in trouble or get an angry mob chasing you while you’re disguised as that person, then they’ll get in trouble instead of you!

And if you get a bunch of murderers chasing after that form, guess who’s going to get killed instead of you?

Putting the innocent in danger or tarnishing their reputation doesn’t seem like something the Spirit of Justice should do, right? So if you ever acquire a form like that, then you can’t use it!

But, the swords did say that you could take parts of forms to make entirely new forms. So maybe that can be used to solve your “too skinny to stay warm in the cold” problem?

>>862048
Yeah, do some warmups with him.

And if you remember any sword skills from your past lives, then take it easy on him. It’d hurt him if after telling him you don’t have much training and then you suddenly overwhelm him with a bunch of fancy moves! He’ll feel like you lied to him just to beat him up because he’s a male running a training hall. And from the looks of the window and that message, he gets a lot of that already.
>>
No. 862062 ID: 3ce125

>>862061
We could use innocent forms to simply evade detection. It's a bad idea for us to walk around as a blue Sakkilian all the time when interacting with the locals. Eventually the bad guys will catch on and start keeping watch for blue Sakkilian females, even if we only deal out justice while wearing the guise of the guilty.
>>
No. 862121 ID: fda98a

>>862046
Oh yeah girl, you have them in the bag! Now, the only thing that might be a problem is fucking them both without them noticing. That might cause a catastrophe we would like to avoid, and i am pretty sure that that might be concidered an bad action. You have to do the oposite right?

Lets warm up, let see how much tired can you get. Politely ask who are the degenerates that are causing him problems, maybe you can help somehow.
>>
No. 862269 ID: fe7355

Tell him that you could do the warm up and training routine alongside him before sparring. You could use the limbering up, and besides it wouldn't be fair to spar before he's as ready as he can be. (It'd also let you both discreetly check each other out while you're exercising.)

Nod towards the vandalized window and ask how often this shit happens. It the same assholes doing it every time? And the city watch aren't doing what they should about it, are they? Would he be okay with you helping him clean it off and cover the broken pane? It would go faster with a second person, after all. You also would rather not have a cold draft blowing on you two while sparring, adding that you really can't stand the cold.

Ask him how he and Oran met and became friends. And how'd they earn Danus' regard, to the point you could name drop 'em and that you helped move that crate and Danus let you sleep on a couch in exchange for doing chores. They friends with Danus as well?

>I… um… didn’t actually expect you to come by… err… I mean, come by so early! …yes, this early…
He didn't expect you to come around at all? Guess he felt you'd act like the ladies so often do and snub him for being a male in a nontraditional profession or for acting more like a gal than a guy. That or you'd lose interest once it was apparent he wouldn't be a easy lay.

>Err… well… I w-was going to the library and… um… the park to try and extend my collection of… err… you see...?
Looks like you've found a potential research buddy to help you out, and it'd be good for getting to know him better. You hope he'll be at the library when you go there. He said he has until evening free, so best go sooner rather than later. And what do you think Drago has a collection of that he'd visit the park to extend? Pressed flowers? No, they don't let you just pick flowers from the park, do they? How about insects, which he then pins? Perhaps butterflies or moths.

>They’ll probably need every strong lass like you they can get to set up and maintain the Festival area.
Isn't the Festival area near where the Vark nomads set up camp? You might be able to earn some coin before or after visiting them.

>Though, don’t go there late, as it is on the edge of a bad neighborhood, lass.
Now this presents a opportunity to bag a guilty soul meal in the form of a mugger. Though, a tall, strong looking Sakkilian gal such as yourself they would most likely avoid. But a scrawny little Vark guy like Gev, that would look like a much easier target.

>Still, you better watch what you eat in the future… maybe try and get all the metal off your prey before eating them? …or just get them naked?
With your paralyzing touch only lasting a handful of seconds that isn't enough time to loot your prey. You'd need to knock 'em out somehow that wouldn't really risk killing 'em. Anesthetic fumes from holding a dosed cloth over their face, maybe? Or just choking them until they pass out then gagging, binding and stripping them.

...And you maybe could get lustful prey to strip themselves by chatting them up then offering to have sex. Though, it'll be tough to keep from mentally or literally puking from being so close to the guilty prey's scent and feigning interest in them. May not be worth risking.

>>862060
Well, it may be considered rude to not accept their hospitality or generosity when food is presented. It'll also seem strange that a tall, strong gal like you isn't eating as much as expected.

But if the food can be easily taken with you, like the breakfast items you had, you could pocket some of it to share with those unfortunates who are hungry, saying you'll eat it while out and about. Do a good deed and build goodwill with the downtrodden and listen to their troubles and what they catch with their ears to the ground. ...Which you could have done if all the beggars and homeless hadn't fled the city years ago. Nuts. ...Maybe instead the destitute in the poor areas of the city that technically have a roof over their heads?

>>862061
>It’d hurt him if after telling him you don’t have much training and then you suddenly overwhelm him with a bunch of fancy moves!
But Ema didn't say she doesn't have much training. She just said she knows how to use her swords. Karn just inferred Ema needs more training 'cause she said he should watch out 'cause she's very strong. As long as Ema doesn't bust out the moves of a lifetime master of the sword and clamps her skill to what a 22 year old could plausibly have then that won't raise questions. However, if Kern picks up that Ema is holding back, then he's likely going to be annoyed 'cause he'll think Ema feels she has to hold back because he's a guy.

>He’ll feel like you lied to him just to beat him up because he’s a male running a training hall.
I'd think he'd be more insulted that Ema is holding back and not giving him a proper challenge. He wants spar with Ema to learn and become more adept. He won't take kindly to being coddled and handled like he's a wimp. Also, Ema is also here to get a read on just how adept she is at swordsmanship for coming fights, so restraining herself too much will not allow her to figure that out.
>>
No. 862671 ID: 65a774
File 151715256580.png - (22.69KB , 700x550 , 33.png )
862671

>Oh yeah girl, you have them in the bag!
Now you just need to go in for the kill and bang ‘em… hehe… err… wait…
>Now, the only thing that might be a problem is fucking them both without them noticing.
…then you’ll just have to choose one of them? Or maybe if you… with a new shape and… then you could… yeah… that might work or… no… hmm…

>Since you're not actually getting anything essential out of it, you should really be eating as little as possible when someone gives you food for free.
Aren’t they just going to throw the food away anyway? …and people might ask questions if you don’t eat properly. Besides, you love the taste of food…
>Isn't the Festival area near where the Vark nomads set up camp? You might be able to earn some coin before or after visiting them.
No, the nomads set their camp up outside the city proper. You’re pretty sure they are setting up a bunch of shops inside the festival area itself, though.

>With your paralyzing touch only lasting a handful of seconds that isn't enough time to loot your prey.
Your touch would last long enough for you to rip the clothes of someone, especially if you can keep contact with their head while doing so. Besides, you just need to rip of any metal they have on them, don’t you? Note to self: don’t eat knights and other armored people…
>And if you remember any sword skills from your past lives, then take it easy on him.
You can’t really remember anything but… instincts. You don’t know how to do it, but you just know what you’ll do if you for example see a sword coming for you from that direction.


>Look over his shoulder and ask if somebody's been giving him trouble.
:KarnFoS: Oh? That? Um… just ignore that, it’s old news.
:EmaFoS: I’m pretty sure the paint haven’t even dried properly yet.
:KarnFoS: Well… um… you know how it is… people complain when there is something they don’t like…
:EmaFoS: By throwing rocks through windows?
:KarnFoS: … … …yes?
>maybe you can help somehow.
:KarnFoS: No need, Ema. This is my problem, I’ll deal with it.
:EmaFoS: If you say so.
>Would he be okay with you helping him clean it off and cover the broken pane?
:KarnFoS: The broken pane is actually from a few days ago, so It’s already covered. As for the paint… I think we should let it dry first? Though, don’t worry about it, I’ll can clean it in a jiffy later.
:EmaFoS: Uh huh…
:KarnFoS: Now, let’s head in to the warmth before we freeze to death.
:EmaFoS: Yeah, let’s!

Karn unlocks the door to the training hall and beckons you to follow him inside…

>Ask him how he and Oran met and became friends.
:KarnFoS: We grew up together, actually. I never really fit in with the other men and… well… neither did he, so we always hung out together instead.
>And how'd they earn Danus' regard.
:KarnFoS: Well, we’ve frequented the Raptors Nest ever since we were of age to drink… in fact, the first time we met was when he caught us trying to get our hands on a drink while underage. Since then we’ve just… well… helped each other out at times, I guess?

You find yourself in the main training area of the building, a large room whose floor and walls are covered with soft mats. It’s mostly empty, save for a few training dummies in one corner of the room and a bunch of… blue weapons on the walls? …what?
:KarnFoS: Here we go… are you ready to start?

>Ask if he wouldn't mind doing warm ups together since you did just get up.
:KarnFoS: Oh? You want to- great! Then I guess we can start out with a bit of stretching before we do anything else.
:EmaFoS: …stretching?
:KarnFoS: …oh, you have a lot of learn, young apprentice.
:EmaFoS: Educate me, o wizened master.
:KarnFoS: Master? I’ve never had anyone call me- wait, Wizened? Are you calling me old? I’m still a year away from thirty you know?
:EmaFoS: You’re almost thirty? Huh, you look way younger than that.
:KarnFoS: Constant training keeps you young, you know.
:EmaFoS: And attractive apparently. Now, about that warmup.
:KarnFoS: Well, if you want to keep staying attractive, you apparently need stretch a lot. Here, follow me lead…
:EmaFoS: Also, what’s up with the weirdly colored weapons?
:KarnFoS: No talking while warming up, Ema.
:EmaFoS: But-
:KarnFoS: Focus on the task at hand, nothing else.
:EmaFoS: Alright, alright, I get it…

Ema is currently training…
Please choose another piece of meat to follow:
JUSTICE! (Ema) is busy.
Emergency meat (Justina) is available.
Smelly meat (Oran) is available.
Muscular meat (Karn) is busy.
Old aromatic meat (Danus) is available.
Young aromatic meat (Drago) is available.

Choose your destiny!
>>
No. 862672 ID: 6780f5

Young aromatic meat!
>>
No. 862676 ID: fda98a

Ema please stop calling peolple "meat", it's rude. Ok i will assume that this option is for after the training. AND i will also assume that you are hungry again? You want to eate someone?
If you just want to talk, go with Drago, let's see if you can open his shy shell.
>>
No. 862677 ID: c0641d

Let’s go with Oran. I think we have the least insight into his character so far.
>>
No. 862678 ID: 33cbe7

Emergency meat. She'd make a perfect disguise: a wandering bard, seemingly an easy target, plenty of room on those hips for eating more evildoers... you'd be doing her a favor really, spreading her name to towns she hasn't even visited. That's important for performers.
>>
No. 862679 ID: 91ee5f

>>862671
>Stretching
Hey, Ema, if any of those stretches involve bending over, give Karn whistle, like this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XhjyJO0DUhA , when you see his booty, just to mess with him.

>Be someone else.
Let’s be Oran. I’d like to learn more about him.
>>
No. 862681 ID: 4854ef

Smelly meat (Oran)
>>
No. 862720 ID: 3ce125

Oran.
>>
No. 862763 ID: 33b44e

volcano bakemeat

Fine lets go with the one armed snek.
>>
No. 862768 ID: fe7355

Man, it's hard to choose. I want to know more about them all. But... I'll pick Danus. I want to know more about the past and life of this kind, handsome man who I can only assume had to work very hard and endure so much in his life.

>>862679
>give Karn whistle, like this
No, don't. Karn hates being treated like a sex object so a wolf whistle would likely lead to his regard for Ema to sink. Also, gals in our world mostly hate being whistled at like that.

>>862676
>Ok i will assume that this option is for after the training.
Nah, it's for us to switch to another character to suggest to while Ema is training. It's been awhile since Kaktus ran a quest where we could jump to another character. I think the last one he ran with this mechanic was Numb, so it's been quite some time.

>>862763
>volcano bakemeat
Wat?
>>
No. 862769 ID: 6780f5

>>862763
Now that's a term I haven't heard in years.
>>
No. 862780 ID: ad51b8

Justina
>>
No. 863003 ID: 65a774
File 151723337110.png - (34.08KB , 700x550 , 34.png )
863003

>Emergency meat. She'd make a perfect disguise: a wandering bard, seemingly an easy target…
Justina would indeed make a good disguise… and it would solve your lack of a place to sleep as well… though, you did name her emergency food for a reason…
>Plenty of room on those hips for eating more evildoers...
…you suddenly have a big urge to consume her…
>You'd be doing her a favor really, spreading her name to towns she hasn't even visited. That's important for performers.
Yeah, she should be grateful to become part of your hips… err… her hips? Wait, what are you… ugh, you’re starting to think of them as meals instead of people again, aren’t you?

>Ema please stop calling peolple "meat", it's rude.
You’re only doing it in your mind, not to their face! Besides… it’s not rude if its fact… err…
>I will also assume that you are hungry again? You want to eat someone?
There is currently no one in you tummy… thus; you need to put someone there. Not just right now, but if you can’t find someone more deserving before tonight you’ll probably just put the emergency meat there.
>Hey, Ema, if any of those stretches involve bending over, give Karn whistle.
You’ve never actually learned how to whistle, but damn right you’re going to keep an eye on that tush…
>No, don't. Karn hates being treated like a sex object.
…you’re keeping an eye on it discreetly?

:KarnFoS: Ema! Focus!
:EmaFoS: Huh!? What!?
:KarnFoS: We haven’t even started and you’re already zooning out. Remember, Excellence is not an art, it’s pure habit.
:EmaFoS: …stretching is an art?
:KarnFoS: We are what we repeatedly do… so start stretching or you’ll never be agile enough to fight properly!
:EmaFoS: R-right!
>>
No. 863004 ID: 65a774
File 151723338844.png - (51.06KB , 700x550 , 35.png )
863004

>Let’s go with Oran. I think we have the least insight into his character so far.
You always did love hearing the sound a liquid sizzling… the smell of boiling chemicals… the sight of bubbles traveling through those glass corridors, on their way to create something new, something great…

Ever since you were a child you dreamed of creating all kind of tonics and philters, to make with mundane herbs and liquids things that mages can only dream off. Potions that can heal, transform, change and please… potions that can even restore lost limbs…

You are Oran the Alchemist, and you just finished another batch of highly illegal… ah… “pleasure enhancement”, as they call it.

You’d rather make something a bit more interesting… something with a bit more pizazz. In fact, you rather do anything else, but after they forced that debt on you… well, if you don’t you might just suffer another… “accident”. But soon enough you’ll be free of debt and then you can focus on your real goal. To create that legendary potion… you know you can do it… you just need some hard to find materials.

You are now Oran the Alchemist.
Current goals:
Get out of debt.
Run potion shop.
Find pretty girl.
Find and kill a powerful undead creature, drain it on its blood and use it for your legendary potion! Easy…
>>
No. 863006 ID: ad51b8

so how bad in debt are you, how much money do you have, and who are you in debt with? Depending on how bad you're fucked you may or may not want to sick that blue justice girl on them assuming your loan sharks aren't that tough or she's just that good. Plus if you word it right you might be able to get her to sleep with you... or at least maybe put in a good word with her feathered friend... or hell maybe you get real lucky and get both at once.

Also for the blood of the undead? do you need all of it or just some? Because it may be better to capture and bleed it... or maybe just ask assuming you can find one that won't kill you on sight. That way you wouldn't have to fight it or go into debt (again) to hire someone who could take the thing down. Also also what do you know of undead?
>>
No. 863013 ID: 91ee5f

>>863004
>potions that can even restore lost limbs…
>you might just suffer another…”accident”
Is that what happened to your arm?
>>
No. 863017 ID: b15da4

Why would an undead creature still have blood? Your quest is hopeless.
>>
No. 863024 ID: fda98a

That last one seems pretty specific, and very imposible.
What is this dept about, care to elaborate?
>>
No. 863047 ID: 3ce125

>>863004
>Find pretty girl.
What about Justina?
>Find and kill a powerful undead creature
How powerful? Can you get enough blood without killing it? What does the potion do?
>>
No. 863188 ID: 830fb7

>>863004
>Find pretty girl.
What about that Ema girl you met yesterday or her friend Justina they seem to be at least somewhat approachable and one even went out of their way to help you yesterday.
>Find and kill a powerful undead creature
Ema looks to be an adventurer maybe she would have a clue on where one may be, and/or could help you with it. How powerful does the undead have to be for this to work and will you be able to get enough blood without killing it if it is peaceful, isn't Evil or doesn't wish to fight?
Either way we need to get our work done first before we do anything else. Business before pleasure otherwise that debt isn't going away any time soon.
>>
No. 863240 ID: fe7355

>Get out of debt.
What are the circumstances around this debt you owe? Who do you owe it to, how much is it, and how did it come to be foisted upon you? How risky is it for you to be making these potions of "pleasure enhancement," either legally or to your physical well being? You have taken precautions so the law does not bust down your door, right? And when, where and to whom will you be delivering this latest batch of illicit alchemy for your debt payment?

As for those you owe your debt to, how much do you trust they will honor your it paid and not drag it out indefinitely? Or that they wouldn't "tie up loose ends" by offing you so you can't possibly rat them out? Who can you possibly turn to if things go sour? Karn? Danus? How close are you to either of them? And what's keeping you from running to the law to deal with your debtees?

They also seem to have been rather lacking in foresight in taking your arm off, since a one-armed alchemist's efficiency in working to repay their debt would be significantly hindered. They could have just broken your arm to send the message. Anyway, how long has it been since you got the debt, how long has it been since they took your arm and what's your cover story for losing it?

>Run potion shop.
What do you need to do for your legit work? What do you offer, either pre-made or made to order? You make sex related stuff like endurance or transformation? And what's your shop's reputation? You ever thought of putting your alchemical knowledge to use creating new beverages to sell? Either alcoholic or not? Like triple distilled coffee or exotic and strange flavored liquors?

...You do wait until you've done your illicit alchemical work before opening for business, right? Don't want getting pulled away to serve customers lead to a batch of debt payment to go bad because you weren't there to mind it. You also really should wear eye protection while doing alchemy. That's basic safety teachings. Don't want to lose any eyes in addition to your arm, now do you?

>Find pretty girl.
Oh, that's easy. They're plenty in this city. You even met and actually talked to two yesterday, Ema and Justina, without making a fool of yourself. It's actually sparking a relationship with one that's the problem, isn't it? What's your track record with the ladies? Any previous relationships? What would you like in a gal? Any gals you fancy, now or past? How much of a relationship would be enough for you right now? You leaning more towards lasting or are you lookin' more for a no-strings-attached fuck? And you don't swing for the gents, do you?

Also, you could go a long way towards attracting a gal by brewing up a big potion of "remove alchemical stank" and dumping it all over yourself 'cause you reek of your workshop. Has your sense of smell been ground into the dirt from all your years doing alchemy?

>Find and kill a powerful undead creature, drain it on its blood and use it for your legendary potion! Easy…
What does this "legendary" potion do? How do you know you need a powerful undead creature to complete it? What research have you done on undead that'd fit the bill? Have you written up a list of acceptably powerful ones and where they usually show up? How about where they shouldn't be able to roam? And have you considered that a powerful undead creature might be what has been disappearing people for the last decade?

Do you for sure need to kill the creature to get the blood you need? Do you need to drain all its blood? Would it be possible to capture and bind it to bleed it without killing so you'd have a steady supply of blood to make this legendary potion of yours?

But it's all rather moot unless you have someone who can take down a powerful undead creature. Maybe Karn, but would you really put your good friend at such risk? Otherwise, you don't have money to hire anyone. Think you could get anyone on the promise of a legendary potion? Perhaps you could find someone who has a burning hatred of the undead? Or someone who is already hunting a powerful undead creature. ...That gal, Ema, looked the mercenary or adventuring type. Maybe she knows someone or is that someone you need.
>>
No. 863540 ID: 65a774
File 151741806948.png - (46.01KB , 700x550 , 36.png )
863540

>What is this debt about, care to elaborate?
Setting up an alchemy shop isn’t cheap, you know. So when the bank refused to give a loan you might have… ah… sought out the wrong people. Really, you thought you would be able to pay them back by normal means, but they had other plans.
>Is that what happened to your arm?
When you refused to make these things the first time, they sabotaged your tools to make… an “accident”. Though you can’t help but blame yourself… if you hadn’t gone in and tried to save it you would still have all your limbs. Of course, if you’d been able to save the gear you wouldn’t be in such a debt right now…

>What do you need to do for your legit work? What do you offer, either pre-made or made to order?
Most of what you sell is pre-made stuff, but you do special orders all the time… for a bit extra, of course.
>What's your shop's reputation?
As the only other shop in the city won’t let you enter unless you’re wearing something more expensive than your whole shop, you kind of have a monopoly on the average consumers. So sure, they might make a ton of gold from each customer but you’re still making more than ends meet here.
>You make sex related stuff like endurance or transformation?
Well… let just say that business is… lucrative. So yes, you do that kind of things… often.
>You also really should wear eye protection while doing alchemy. That's basic safety teachings.
Bah, your eyes already have protection. You’re a Serpens! You’re meant to be submerged under liquids at all times! If you’re actually working with something that might damage your eyes or scales, you’ll wear a full protection mask.

>What's your track record with the ladies? Any previous relationships?
…well… um… you still haven’t passed the starting line?
>What would you like in a gal?
That they are a gal… and pretty… and… um… fun to be with?
>What about that Ema girl you met yesterday?
The blue one? Hmm… those scales of her must have some alchemical properties, no? Maybe you can buy a few off her… or you can ask Danus if any got caught in her bedsheets. She sleeps at the inn, doesn’t she? She was kind of pretty too…
>What about Justina?
The bard? She’s way out of your league, so there’s no reason to even try. Besides, she’s more interested in Karn anyway… they always are…
>Also, you could go a long way towards attracting a gal by brewing up a big potion of "remove alchemical stank".
You usually do try to get the stench of you on the weekends, but as soon as you slither into your shop, it’s back.

>Ema looks to be an adventurer maybe she would have a clue on where one may be, and/or could help you with it.
She was also rather new in the area, wasn’t she? Hmm… though, with those swords of hers, she did look like a person who find trouble… and the undead are trouble, aren’t they?
>You may or may not want to sick that blue justice girl on them assuming your loan sharks aren't that tough or she's just that good.
While you’d like to just have someone remove them from your life, you don’t think sending someone you’ve barely met to kill them is the right way to go. After all, you have no way to take care of the after work, so to speak… so unless she can just erase them from existence somehow…
>Plus if you word it right you might be able to get her to sleep with you... or at least maybe put in a good word with her feathered friend.
Yeah, right… like that would happen… especially that curvy lady that came with her. You can only dream of her… which you did, last night... her white, large form was quite a delight… and hmm…

Now that you think about it… the wide brimmed hat she was wearing… how she came here after sunset… her white scales… err… white feathers and red eyes (They were red, right?)… why didn’t you see this before! It’s so obvious! She’s clearly a vampire! She would be perfect to get blood from… though you better make sure she’s a vampire first, of course. Don’t want to repeat the same mistake twice, now do we?

>Why would an undead creature still have blood? Your quest is hopeless.
While skeletons and zombies don’t have blood, many other creatures do. Vampires for example… or even some litches... and ghouls! …and maybe even wraiths, but you’re not so sure about that one.
>Also for the blood of the undead? Do you need all of it or just some?
You’ll need enough to experiment on. You’re not going to create this potion on the first try.
>Also what do you know of undead?
They are the dead that walk again, for one reason or another. The more common ones are just life energy possessing a dead organism of some kind. Then there are ghosts and spirits, which are memories of past lives that have left something unfinished and thus walk… err… float again. Lastly, we have the created undead, like litches… or vampires. Justina doesn’t look like a mage herself, so she was probably bitten and then fed the blood of another vampire to be turned into one. Now she’s come here to re-establish herself and is looking for thralls to use, clearly. Maybe you should warn Karn about her… it looked like she was trying to seduce him last night… *sigh* you wish she tried to seduce you instead… you’d like to be her thrall any day… and then I’ll… hehe…

You’re suddenly dragged kicking and screaming away from your day dream about Justina the Vampire as you can hear someone moving around nearby. You’re currently hidden in your secret cellar lab, so no one would know where you are! Oh sod, what if it’s the guard!? Have they finally figured out where you’re hiding your things and are coming to drag you away!? Or is it some rival gang that wants you dead!? OH SOD!
>>
No. 863542 ID: 65a774
File 151741808153.png - (62.44KB , 700x550 , 37.png )
863542

You breathe a sigh of relief as you see your “contact” enter through the secret sewer tunnel, but you quickly start to worry again when you realize the implication of this. She is several days early… and she doesn’t look happy at all.

:TanaFoS: Salutations, Oran… I do hope I’m not coming in an inopportune moment?
:OranFoS: T-Tana!? What are you doing here?
:TanaFoS: Why, can’t I just visit a friend without reason, right Tunu?
:TunuFoS:
:TanaFoS: But I do have some news. Good and bad.
:OranFoS: …oh, great…
:TanaFoS: The good news are that your debt has been paid… and as the boss is a woman of her word…
:OranFoS: Wait, I’m no longer in debt!?
:TanaFoS: But the bad news is… well, you see… Tutu here noticed that some of the “special” bottles were a bit… watered down.
:OranFoS: …what?
:TunuFoS:
:TanaFoS: And I’m sure the boss would be rather… ah… upset if she found out, wouldn’t she?
:OranFoS: But I haven’t-
:TanaFoS: But as a friend I can’t just let that happen, no… but… you know… I’ll need some more bottles to... ah… replace the others with, hmm? Right, Tunu?
:TunuFoS:
:TanaFoS: So… if you make a few bottles more… say, about 200 boxes, then… well, we’ll just forget about this little misunderstanding, hmm?
:OranFoS: But… but…
:TunuFoS:
:TanaFoS: Now, now, Oran… we don’t want another accident to happen, now will we?
:OranFoS: 200 boxes…

That will take over a year to do… but you haven’t been watering down any of the bottles! Sure, you’ve been selling the left overs on the side with Karn, but they don’t know that… why do she think the bottles have been watered down!?

:TunuFoS:
:TanaFoS: What was that? The special mission? Heh… I don’t think he’ll be able to help but… fine. Even better news, Oran, as I got a deal for you. I’ll take off 100 boxes from our debt if you help us with a… special task concerning a special colored… friend… what do you say? Swear in blood?
:OranFoS: …can’t you give me more information than that?
:TanaFoS: Oh no, of course not… see, I’m not giving you any more information before you swear in blood. That way, if you happen to be stupid enough to tell anyone about it, I’ll know… and there will be an accident, trust me.
>>
No. 863548 ID: fda98a

Special colored friend? I don't like the sound of that. Not one bit. Ok First off, what happened to the debt, who paid it? Secondly, are they sure about you bottles watered down? Why would you self sabotage? It's stupid! The rest of your limbs are in the line here!
>>
No. 863549 ID: ad51b8

ask if their's a time limit. if they say yes tell them that their is no way you'd be able to finish an order like then in anything less then a year, and no you're not trying to be clever or any nonsense like that there is really no way you could make 200 boxes of good quality without help or unless they know some way to streamline the whole process to cut down on time.

Also personally unless they say you got a month or some bullshit like that probably best to just make 200 boxes as this favor sounds like it might lead to even more bullshit then just a shit ton of boxes.
>>
No. 863558 ID: 91ee5f

>>863540
>red eyes (They were red, right?)
Nope, they were purple.

>>863542
>special task concerning a special colored…friend
She wouldn’t say that unless that person is an unusual color that you don’t see very often, like Ema, that blue Sakkilian lady from yesterday.

Also, don’t take the special offer, it’s gonna be more trouble than it’s worth. Just stick to making 200 boxes.
>>
No. 863582 ID: 4854ef

Given how things are progressing, they likely watered down the bottles themselves just so that could force this favor out of you. You didn't water a thing, but this is a new another way to force you into their debt for even longer potentially.
>>
No. 863618 ID: 25ef6b

>>863542
okay at this point you have to realize they will NEVER let you out of debt. You have likely have to find less...savory methods of dealing with the problem.
>>
No. 863632 ID: 22d3a4

WRAITHS ARE A KIND OF GHOST YOU TAXONOMIC DISASTER, OF COURSE THEY DON'T HAVE BLOOD.

Suggest maybe you talk to the higher ups about this situation; see if she's doing it with their blessing by her reaction. If she threatens you, she's hiding something and is probably acting alone.

If you want to get out of debt, here's your chance- you've got a perfect opportunity to sic big blue on them. For all she'll know you're looking out for her and letting her know she's a target, all you need to do is let her be proactive about dealing with them.
>>
No. 863653 ID: 094652

"... You know, I deserve the massive debt I incurred for being a gambling stooge. I deserve losing an arm to your sabotage because I couldn't pay attention until it was too late. But what I don't deserve, is being treated like a third-rate drug peddler who is constantly swindled into being an obedient yes-brain by a pair of thugs who can't do a simple tax pickup without threatening one of your employees with instant castration unless they follow a top-secret, should-not-be-given-out-like-you're-doing-right-now treasure map and give whatever million-gold secret they find to them!

Take me to your boss, I'll tell her what I know, help you capture the person that I know she's talking about, and we'll pretend you never gave away a classified bounty in a public marketplace."
>>
No. 863657 ID: 91ee5f

>>863653
Kome, no! Don’t make me get the spray bottle!
>>
No. 863693 ID: a633c6

>>863632
Almost forgot, tell her to come back when she's ready to disclose some information on what she needs.
>>
No. 863717 ID: b1b4f3

>>863542
Tell them if they can't even bring themselves to be honest when trying to strongarm you, then you're not going to do business with them. Tell them to come up with a better excuse for you to make them more potions that isn't something bullshit about watered down product. They wouldn't want your help if you watered down your potions, would they?

In fact, tell them you suspect their boss would not be happy if you complained about this treatment.
>>
No. 863722 ID: 91ee5f

>>863693
>>863717
You guys do realize Oran can’t say those things, right?

If he says those things to their faces, not only will that piss them off, they’ll also make Oran have another “accident” in order to kill him and prevent him from telling their boss!
>>
No. 863724 ID: b1b4f3

>>863722
More likely that he'll just lose his tools again and possibly have evidence that he can hand over to the guards.
>>
No. 863727 ID: 91ee5f

>>863724
I don’t think he’ll tell the guards about his secret room where he makes illegal potions and tell them about the bad people he’s been working with for a few years to make the illegal potions.

Also, there’s no telling if any of the guards secretly work for these two and their boss.
>>
No. 863728 ID: a633c6

>>863722
Well then he'll have to do the smart thing and wait until they're dealt with before opening shop again.
>>
No. 863729 ID: b1b4f3

>>863727
He makes other potions too you know. He can just abandon his illegal shit now that he's out of debt. If the mafia makes a move on his legitimate business then it'll be easy for Oran to come out clean.
>>
No. 863730 ID: b1b4f3

Also if he signs the blood oath I'm pretty sure that's a magically binding contract. He will have no future but crime if he does that.

The choice here is: 1 bravery and negotiation, or 2 give up and become a criminal working for the mafia for free, likely forever.
>>
No. 863737 ID: 91ee5f

>>863729
Again, we don’t know if any of the guards are secretly working for them. For example, this guard: >>859988 , which Ema described as, “smells delicious…corrupt and unforgiving…”

So, no, he won’t get out of this clean if the mafia send the corrupt guards after Oran because they won’t care if he is innocent or not, they’re getting paid to either beat him up or arrest him with some false evidence that they “found” in his shop.
>>
No. 863784 ID: fe7355

Keep this to yourself, but their story doesn't make sense. Like, who the heck would pay off your outstanding debt for no reason? And why would you water down the "happy juice" if not to send more bottles of it to pay off your debt sooner? Oh, and isn't this stuff sold pretty much right away and not kept around? If so, then making up 200 more boxes to replace the allegedly watered down ones doesn't make sense since it's mostly been sold and consumed already. Also, why would the boss lady be all that upset about watered down product anyway? If the customers are still buying it and not complaining about the strength then so what? She made money all the same. If she found out she'd at worst most likely just make you make up the debt by making full strength product, this time checking it for quality. She wouldn't have you killed or crippled 'cause you wouldn't be able to do the work.

Also keep this to yourself, but it's most likely that Tana and Tunu are spinning a line of bullshit to keep you under their thumbs so you'd make illicit drugs for them to sell without the boss knowing. That or they were supposed to offer a deal from the boss for you to keep making this stuff for her organization and get paid for it, but Tana would go back saying you accepted and then pocket the money for herself. Or maybe they've been skimming from the bottles to sell on the side or to feed their own addiction and watered down the rest to cover it up, then got caught and pinned it on you. Or maybe this is all meant to con you into helping them with their "special task," though you can't figure why they need you for it or why it'd be worth knocking 100 boxes off your debt.

Whatever Tana and Tunu are pulling here, you don't have any leverage to call 'em out on it. So don't confront them, don't point out the parts of their story that don't make sense and don't ask too many questions. They expect you to be a good little easily cowed guy who'll go along without fuss. But if you show signs you object or that you may go over them, things'll get ugly.

Tell Tana that you'll swear in blood, but only so she can tell you what her deal entails you doing so you can decide whether to accept it or not. You won't accept a deal without knowing what it calls for you to do. If she balks at this, then no deal; You'll make the full 200 boxes of product.

And just to check, but does mind-melding between Serpens show a Serpens is telling the truth or lying the vast majority of the time? 'Cause if it does, then you could discreetly send a message to the big boss lady about this and offer to be mind-meld interrogated by a Serpens she trusts. And she'd very likely interrogate Tana and Tunu the same way. It'd blow their scam wide open to the boss and earn you some of the boss' trust. Maybe enough to write off part or all of the rest of your debt.

>She’s clearly a vampire!
Dude, you're jumping to conclusions yet again. Okay, first off, Justina has violet eyes, not red. Second, the only place you've seen all her feathers is in your dreams. She could easily have darker colored feathers under her clothes. And wouldn't all her skin be pale if she's a vampire? Because she had that orange-y skin thingie where her upper beak met her face. That would have been pale too if she was a vampire.

Third, wearing a wide brimmed hat doesn't mean jack shit. She may have worn it to keep the sun out of her eyes as she was traveling and didn't bother to take it off. She may have worn it 'cause it's cool out to keep her head warm. She may have worn it just 'cause she likes the hat's style. You don't know her reasons for wearing that hat so don't assume.

But even if Justina did have red eyes, all pale skin and feathers and covered herself totally from the sun, that may just mean she's a albino. Like the last person you thought was a vampire.

>Sure, you’ve been selling the left overs on the side with Karn, but they don’t know that…
You're selling the batch dregs of the same "happy juice" you balked at making at first? Man, you're such a hypocrite. Also risky and stupid to do that. Not only does it risk having the law come down on you two, you're infringing on the turf of the criminal organization you're in debt to. Now, they have reason to keep you around to keep doing illicit alchemy, but Karn... They could torch his training hall in the middle of the night and it'd be written off as some extra-bigoted gal stepping too far up from breaking windows and painting slurs.
>>
No. 863785 ID: 8ccac6

"I'll see to those 200 boxes then"

This is not going to go away even if you pay them in full, you might need to hire some profesional help to deal with them and I mean actual profesionals, not another cutthroat.

Otherwise you can confide with Karn, since he knows about the situation if you don't think you can do this on your own.
>>
No. 863832 ID: 65a774
File 151751577389.png - (56.23KB , 700x550 , 38.png )
863832

>Nope, they were purple.
Hmm… still… purple is an odd color for Varkians, right? Besides, you know that they are mesmerizing, as you became lost in them as soon as you saw them. Vampires have mesmerizing eyes, don’t they?
>Dude, you're jumping to conclusions yet again.
Just because you were wrong about that Sakkilian guy… and the hiver lady… and the raptor… and… err… okay, maybe you’re jumping a bit here. Though, you can’t take any chances, you still need to figure out if she’s undead or not!
>But even if Justina did have red eyes, all pale skin and feathers and covered herself totally from the sun, that may just mean she's an albino.
Hmm… if she really is an albino then you’ll need a blood sample anyway. Albino body parts are supposed to be real important for alchemy! …err… you’ll pay her for the sample, of course.
>WRAITHS ARE A KIND OF GHOST YOU TAXONOMIC DISASTER, OF COURSE THEY DON'T HAVE BLOOD.
Hey, you don’t know that! You’ve barely found any information about wraiths at all. They can change shape somehow, but that’s about it. If they can take other shapes, then they’re bound to be able to take shapes with blood in them, no?

>Given how things are progressing, they likely watered down the bottles themselves just so that could force this favor out of you.
Dammit, you’re never going to be able to get out of this debt, are you?
>You have likely have to find less...savory methods of dealing with the problem.
How? You’re an alchemist, not some… criminal mastermind!? Gah, you really got yourself into the deep end this time, Oran…
>There’s no telling if any of the guards secretly work for these two and their boss.
You can’t talk to the guards! Even if they would be the lawful kind, they’ll still throw you in jail! …or just make you disappear like everyone else…
>Does mind-melding between Serpens show a Serpens is telling the truth or lying the vast majority of the time?
It’s extremely hard to lie through, as you can feel each other’s thoughts directly.
>'Cause if it does, then you could discreetly send a message to the big boss lady about this and offer to be mind-meld interrogated by a Serpens she trusts.
The problem is, the only contact you have with the big boss lady is through your contact… the very same contact that you want to sell out.
>if he signs the blood oath I'm pretty sure that's a magically binding contract. He will have no future but crime if he does that.
That is exactly what a blood contract is. You don’t know the exact details, but you do know its bad magic.

>You're selling the batch dregs of the same "happy juice" you balked at making at first? Man, you're such a hypocrite.
Hey, you need to do something with the leftovers, right? …and earning a bit extra on the side is… well… tempting, isn’t it?
>She wouldn’t say that unless that person is an unusual color that you don’t see very often, like Ema, that blue Sakkilian lady from yesterday.
…well, crap. So they to think her body is valuable, huh?
>If you want to get out of debt, here's your chance- you've got a perfect opportunity to sic big blue on them. For all she'll know you're looking out for her and letting her know she's a target, all you need to do is let her be proactive about dealing with them.
Problem is… can she even deal with them? All you know for sure is she got swords… though, you’ve never seen Tana lift a finger… and Tunu mostly just look imposing. Hmm…
>Otherwise you can confide with Karn, since he knows about the situation if you don't think you can do this on your own.
Yeah, you need to speak to Karn about this… maybe he got some ideas how to deal with this.


>I'll see to those 200 boxes then…
:TanaFoS: Your loss.
>What happened to the debt, who paid it?
As soon as Tana is distracted with you, you can see Tunu quietly slither up to the boxes, trying her best not to catch Tana’s attention.
:TanaFoS: Why, you did, of course. Do you know how much these bottles are worth? Well, they are worth a lot more today than when you started making them… mostly because the blue bloods are downing them like crazy to keep sane, eh? So, even with your small… ah… percentage, you’ve been able to pay your debt… if you hadn’t watered them down, that is… shame, really.
>Ask if there’s a time limit.
As you look over to Tunu again you watch her lift up the bottles one by one, as if to checks their content.
:TanaFoS: Why don’t we continue our usual routine? Four boxes a week? I’m sure that will be fine for you, no?
>Suggest maybe you talk to the higher ups about this situation; see if she's doing it with their blessing by her reaction.
As Tunu put back the last bottle in the top box, she throws you a glance that clearly says “ignore me”.
:TanaFoS: Heh, please, go right ahead… oh, wait, you have no idea whom my higher up is, do you? Or how to contact them? Why, even if you did, I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t even know who you are. I’m you contact, only I know who you are, after all.

As Tana finally turns around, you watch as Tunu franticly pushes the box’s lid into place before trying to pretend that she’s doing nothing.
:TanaFoS: Tunu, what are you doing?
:TunuFoS: …prepping the boxes? We’re grabbing them as we leave, correct?
:TanaFoS: Good idea! A waste to come here without some gain, eh? Well then, any last stupid questions before we leave? Otherwise, signal us as you usually do when the rest of this week’s boxes are done.
:OranFoS:

Oran is currently brewing potions…
Choose another person to follow:
Blue cute gal (Ema) is busy.
Gorgeous bird lady (Justina) is available.
Supreme Alchemist (Oran) is busy.
Best friend (Karn) is busy.
Danus (Danus) is available.
Danus shy son (Drago) is available.

Choose your destiny!
>>
No. 863836 ID: fda98a

Hmmm, well, this big one looks suspiscius, but not in the bad way. Maybe you can contact her and see what her deal is, somehow.

Lets go with the shy boy, there has to be something funny in that little head of his.
>>
No. 863845 ID: b1b4f3

>>863832
I think Tana has been diluting the potions and selling the extras.
Tunu seems to be investigating that possibility, but doesn't want Tana to see.
If it's possible Oran could contact Tunu without Tana knowing, but it might be a better idea to just keep out of it and avoid drawing the ire of either of them.

Follow Justina I guess.
>>
No. 863850 ID: 4854ef

Drago
>>
No. 863861 ID: ad51b8

Justina
>>
No. 863865 ID: 9215e1

>>863832
Imma say Drago.
>>
No. 863899 ID: c0641d

>>863845
Either that, or Tunu only has Tana’s word that there’s been any diluting in the first place, and she’s currently looking into whether his word has any worth.

Anyways, say you don’t have any more questions, and that you shouldn’t keep them any longer. If it looks like you can signal to Tunu to meet up later without Tana noticing, then do so. See about at contacting the blue-scaled woman; even if she can’t be successfully sicced on them, she’s your friend, and deserves an advance warning either way. Finally, don’t do anything too extreme in regards to the bird bard.

> Be Drago.
>>
No. 863925 ID: 91ee5f

>>863832
>Vampires have mesmerizing eyes, don’t they?
Be honest, were you even looking at her eyes or were you too busy staring at different parts of her body?

Also, if she were a vampire, wouldn’t you have seen fangs in her beak? Oh, wait, you weren’t looking at her mouth were you?

>Who to be?
Justina
>>
No. 863996 ID: fe7355

Tell Tana you have no more questions for her, stupid or otherwise, then turn back to your workbench to continue monitoring the current batch of "joy juice."

>Besides, you know that they are mesmerizing, as you became lost in them as soon as you saw them.
That's called "being enamored with a lady," you daft horny snake.

>Albino body parts are supposed to be real important for alchemy! …err… you’ll pay her for the sample, of course.
Hey, it's a good excuse to get her to visit your shop and talk with her. Play up how you're the only other alchemy shop in the city and you're making all kinds of sales. Let her peruse your stock, see what you have.

>Though, you can’t take any chances, you still need to figure out if she’s undead or not!
Well, how? Yank her hat off while she's under the midday sun? Push her onto the sacred ground of a temple? Or is there a discreet way you could do so?

>mostly because the blue bloods are downing them like crazy to keep sane, eh?
Wait, what's the long term effects of taking this drug? Are the aristocrats really gonna go insane if they don't keep taking it? What is its addiction profile?

This also means that if the supply is cut off for any reason, the upper crust of the city is gonna go mad with withdraw, die from it or at least be in bad shape for quite some time. Which means Tana's gang now has a lot of potential leverage in this city. All 'cause of you. Good reason to keep you under their thumb, eh?

>Hey, you need to do something with the leftovers, right? …and earning a bit extra on the side is… well… tempting, isn’t it?
And is it really worth enough to offset knowing you're getting folks hooked on this shit? The misery and crime caused by those who need a fix just to feel normal enough to work anymore. Or the risk of the law catching you or Karn? Or a rival gang? Or another member of Tana's gang?

>You can’t talk to the guards! Even if they would be the lawful kind, they’ll still throw you in jail!
Or you turn state's witness in exchange for immunity from prosecution and work for them to catch a bigger fish in the gang.

>…or just make you disappear like everyone else…
So you think the city guards are behind it too? Anyone seen any credible proof of that? Or set up a stake-out to try and catch 'em in the act?

>…well, crap. So they to think her body is valuable, huh?
Probably more like she either has a price on her head, someone wants her kidnapped or they or their gang have a beef with her.

>Yeah, you need to speak to Karn about this… maybe he got some ideas how to deal with this.
And also figure out a way to warn Ema without spilling the beans on your illicit operation.

I'd prefer voting for Danus, but since nobody else voted for him I'll vote for Drago.

>>863899
>If it looks like you can signal to Tunu to meet up later without Tana noticing, then do so.
Please, don't. You might end up blowing things if you do. If Tunu wants your aid in whatever she's up to, she'll approach you on her own later or find another way to contact you.
>>
No. 864029 ID: 6a3436

Justina. She has the highest chances of getting laid into trouble information laid.
>>
No. 864071 ID: 65a774
File 151759225092.png - (37.50KB , 700x550 , 39.png )
864071

>Think Tana has been diluting the potions and selling the extras.
That would explain why Tunu don’t want Tana to know she’s checking the bottles here… dammit, you’re really getting your tail pulled here!
>Either that, or Tunu only has Tana’s word that there’s been any diluting in the first place, and she’s currently looking into whether his word has any worth.
No matter what she’s doing, she might be useful to get out of this mess… hmm…
>See about at contacting the blue-scaled woman; even if she can’t be successfully sicced on them, she’s your friend, and deserves an advance warning either way.
You wouldn’t call her a friend just yet, but no one deserves to get taken away by some lowlife thugs.

>Tell Tana you have no more questions for her, stupid or otherwise.
:TanaFoS: Then this is goodbye for now, Oran. Just signal us as usually when the other two boxes are done for this week. Tunu, grab those two before we leave.
:TunuFoS:
:OranFoS: Don’t let the grate hit you on the way out…

Well, that’s over with… you didn’t want to tell them, but the other two boxes are already done. You have a feeling you might need them if you’re to get out of this mess. Hmm… maybe you can set up some kind of ambush and… nah… now about that vampire bard…

>That's called "being enamored with a lady," you daft horny snake.
Hey, vampires are usually hot, aren’t they?
>Be honest, were you even looking at her eyes or were you too busy staring at different parts of her body?
Let’s just say you had a hard time remembering the color of her eyes, heh… though still, you better make sure she isn’t actually a vampire before you dismiss it out of hand.
>Well, how? Yank her hat off while she's under the midday sun? Push her onto the sacred ground of a temple?
Feed her some garlic? Vampire hates garlic...
>Also, if she were a vampire, wouldn’t you have seen fangs in her beak?
Fangs? Why would she have… vampires have a proboscis, not fangs. They are insects, not… whatever fang creature you’re thinking about? Wolfhounds maybe?

>Wait, what's the long term effects of taking this drug? Are the aristocrats really gonna go insane if they don't keep taking it?
Of course not… well, not more insane than usually. The only real bad withdrawal effect is depression. You know, it’s like if you get addicted to those intelligence enhancing stuff… you’ll need to keep taking them to just feel normal, because as soon as you stop you’ll feel super sluggish and slow.
>And is it really worth enough to offset knowing you're getting folks hooked on this shit?
Hey, you’re selling such watered down versions for super cheap that they barely do anything in the first place. They are just for the common people to have a fun weekend, nothing more.

Bah, you wouldn’t be selling this crap anyway if it wasn’t for the debt… you make enough money as it is from the store normally… Now, where were you… oh right, you need to finish up here before you open up for today.
>>
No. 864072 ID: 65a774
File 151759225945.png - (57.11KB , 700x550 , 40.png )
864072

>Lets go with the shy boy, there has to be something funny in that little head of his.
Would you look at that… a Lycaenidae hiemis, a frost weaver. It’s probably moving north for the winter, to catch the cold northern winds after hibernating in the south over the summer. You’ve never seen one so big before… and you’ve never been able to catch one either. That prime example would be great for your collection.

It’s even stuck in a web, making it easy to catch… as long as you get to it before the spider, that is. The only problem is…
>>
No. 864074 ID: 65a774
File 151759291545.png - (67.85KB , 700x550 , 41.png )
864074

…it’s stuck in the grate of the old sewer entrance in the middle of the Uredo park. Your father has warned you not to get to close to that thing… and you can feel that he is right. Something bad lives down there, you just know it.

Yet, it’s a frost weaver… you really want it for your collection. The grate isn’t that far down the pipe so… maybe if you just… but still… you don’t like the feel of that place…


You are now Drago the Chef.
Current goals:
Enlarge your insect collection.
Help father run the inn.
Go to library and research the… “special” subject.
Make father proud.
Find a cute boy to inherit the inn with.
>>
No. 864081 ID: 6780f5

It's stuck, so you can just get it real quick before anything else notices.
>>
No. 864083 ID: b1b4f3

>>864074
Use a stick. You only need to gather up the web, after all.
>find a cute boy
So you're not interested in that blue lady?
What's the special subject you're researching?
>>
No. 864087 ID: fda98a

>>864083
I second all this.
>>
No. 864088 ID: ad51b8

you on your brake or is the inn just having a slow moment?
>>
No. 864089 ID: 91ee5f

>>864074
You probably shouldn’t risk it.

There’s a very good reason your father told you to stay away from there and the one time you decide to get near that grate will end up being the time something bad happens to you!

Especially considering the fact that people have been disappearing all over town for the past few years! Getting near that grate might end with you being one of the next victims to disappear! You wouldn’t want that to happen, right?

There are plenty Frost Weavers in the world to find some other time, but you’ve only got one life! Don’t risk it!
>>
No. 864105 ID: b1b4f3

By "use a stick" I mean get one long enough to reach the web without putting your hand past the bars.
>>
No. 864113 ID: 5b93d3

>>863832
>Why, even if you did, I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t even know who you are. I’m you contact, only I know who you are, after all.

Well the good news is that Tana is gone (and possibly Tunu) your debt is effectively null.
>>
No. 864117 ID: 65a774
File 151761434596.png - (37.14KB , 700x550 , 42.png )
864117

>So you're not interested in that blue lady?
The blue lady had some very pretty scales… *sigh* part of you wish she was a boy… she would have been so cute…
>What's the special subject you're researching?
You don’t want to think about that right now… you’ll just get distracted from the insects!
>You on your brake or is the inn just having a slow moment?
You only work evenings, when the most clients visit the inn. That means both you and your father are free every day until right before dinner time.

>There’s a very good reason your father told you to stay away from there and the one time you decide to get near that grate will end up being the time something bad happens to you!
…father is usually right… you… you really should listen to him… but… that weaver… it’s so pretty…
>Especially considering the fact that people have been disappearing all over town for the past few years! Getting near that grate might end with you being one of the next victims to disappear! You wouldn’t want that to happen, right?
R-right… it’s just a stupid bug… a beautiful, magnificent stupid bug… maybe… maybe you can grab it without getting close to the grate?

>Use a stick. You only need to gather up the web, after all.
By using your bug net, you should easily be able to grab the web and the butterfly without problem. In theory, at least… darn it, come on already! Maybe if you step just a few steps closer and-
>>
No. 864118 ID: 65a774
File 151761435374.png - (50.84KB , 700x550 , 43.png )
864118

All the sudden an ashen colored arm jets out from behind the bars and grabs you… hard.

:DragoFoS: AH!?
:NonFoS: Shh… don’t scream... my friend?

You can’t see the creature behind the grate as its form is hidden in the shadows, but you believe you can see the shape of a Hiver. His voice is undoubtedly male, but is sounds… broken… with a light buzzing reverbing it? …yet, it’s somehow… refined as well?

:DragoFoS: …w-wha…?
:NonFoS: Forgive me for being so bold, my friend… but I need to converse with you…

The creatures lighten its grip on you. Not enough to actually let of go of you, but just enough so you would easily be able to escape its hold on you.

:NonFoS: I… I am willing to agree to a transaction? You… you bring me what I want… w-what I… n-n-need… *slobber* and… I’ll exchange it for something of equal value, yes?
>>
No. 864120 ID: 33cbe7

I need an adult!
>>
No. 864121 ID: ad51b8

>bring me what I want
and that would be...?
>>
No. 864123 ID: b1b4f3

>>864118
What does he want?
Do you recognize that ring? Wait where did the bug go?
>>
No. 864127 ID: 91ee5f

>>864118
>All the sudden an ashen colored arm jets out from behind the bars and grabs you…hard.
I told this was going to happen! Your father warned you! Why didn’t you listen to your father?! Now you’re going to be the next victim to disappear!

>Help or run?
This situation makes it kinda hard to tell if he’s an honest guy that needs help or if he’s trying to trick Drago into helping him do something illegal or if he’s going to make Drago disappear.

>>864123
>Do you recognize that ring? Wait where did the bug go?
The bug is the ring! It was a trick to lure Drago closer so that he could be grabbed!
>>
No. 864144 ID: fda98a

IT'S OK, DON'T PANIC. If you go all crazy scared it will only make things worst. What does he need? Tell him that you don't want ANYTHING to do with ilegal activities. Besides, you just wanted the buterfly right beside him, nothing more.
>>
No. 864202 ID: fe7355

While at first you have the idea of humoring this creature along and agreeing to its deal without intention of doing it just so it releases you, your more paranoid thoughts turn towards it possibly having magical means to bind you to the deal. That's just the kind of shit you'd imagine a wrong-sounding, wrong-feeling creature lurking in a old sewer would have, at least from all the stories you've read. Don't take the chance.

Its loose grip presents the opportunity to attempt to escape. Take it. Move your bug net away with your other hand so you can fold in your right hand's thumb to make your right hand smaller, then pull it back hard. You get free of its grip, then immediately move back and to the side of the old sewer entrance so you're out of its view and keep moving away.

If you fail to escape its grip, tell it that you won't make a deal under duress. Besides, restraining you isn't exactly helping your opinion of it, now is it? What difference does it make whether you speak with it from out of its grip than in it?
>>
No. 864204 ID: 094652

... "I just wanted a butterfly. Would you like a burger?"
>>
No. 864214 ID: 6a3436

Dude don't fucking do that you scared the shit out of me, If you wanted to talk then just talk, shit man. Nice ring by the way.

Let him know/see you're not about to try run away screaming.
>>
No. 864245 ID: 65a774
File 151766747356.png - (50.37KB , 700x550 , 44.png )
864245

>I told this was going to happen! Your father warned you! Why didn’t you listen to your father?! Now you’re going to be the next victim to disappear!
FORGIVE ME FATHER! I DON’T WANT TO DISAPPEAR!
>IT'S OK, DON'T PANIC.
THEN STOP YELLING!?
>Do you recognize that ring?
Err… you do? You think? Maybe? It’s familiar, but you can’t actually place it…

>I need an adult!
:NonFoS: I AM AN ADULT!
:DragoFoS: I MEANT A DIFFERENT ADULT!?
:NonFoS: YOU ARE ALSO AN ADULT! ACT LIKE ONE AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS!
>Let him know/see you're not about to try run away screaming.
The two of just stand there in silence, staring at each other… and soon enough, his grip of your arm gets even weaker. His fingers slowly drag themselves across your arm and hand as he lets his arm fall to his side, releasing you from his grip completely as if he is letting you go… but when you take a step backwards you can hear him whine a bit…
:NonFoS: P-please… don’t forsake me…

>You just wanted the butterfly right beside him, nothing more.
:NonFoS: Ah… a Lycaenidae Hiemis… correct?
:DragoFoS: …you know it’s real name?

You watch as he opens his hand to show of the still alive butterfly, still stuck in a bit of webbing.

:NonFoS: I… I used to collect insects as well… before this… before… that happened. I had one just like this but… it was smaller… this is quite the find, isn’t it?
:DragoFoS: …that’s why I w-want it… um… good sir… so… if I may ask y-you to… um…
:NonFoS: Yes, of course… you may have it…after we’ve done our… transaction? I have something you desire and… you… you have something I c-crave… need… want.
>and that would be...?
:NonFoS: … … …flesh.
:DragoFoS: Eh!?
:NonFoS: *sniff* Succulent, raw meat… fresh meat… I don’t care from what beast, just… bring me meat!
:DragoFoS: Err… oh… um… heh… I… I thought for a second you meant like… um… from a person?
:NonFoS: NO! I AM NOT LIKE THEM! I REFUSE TO… to… I won’t… f-flesh… give me flesh… I… fresh… newly slaughtered… alive if possible… I… I j-just need to eat…
:DragoFoS: Um… okay?
:NonFoS: I… I p-pay you good c-coin… and… and the frost weaver… I g-give you your insect… I’ll t-take good care of it, d-don’t’ worry… just bring me… meat… raw meat…
>>
No. 864247 ID: ad51b8

...sure why not. Good thing you work at an inn so it should be easy to grab some fresh...ish meat
>>
No. 864248 ID: 86eb65

A quick stop to the butcher should set him up.
>>
No. 864250 ID: fda98a

>>864248
No no, he said fresh meat, alive, we have to hunt somrthing? Do you know of someone tahat knows how to hunt something without killing it? Like a trap or something.

In a separete note, isn't a little similar to what Ema has to eat? Something alive, to consume the soul? He does remind me of the dudes that slaughter Ema's village. He does look semilar. I think this might be Ema's killer himself.

Drago, can you see some sort of armor on him?
>>
No. 864277 ID: fda98a

>>864250
Taking a second look, i am probably wrong about him being Ema's killer.
>>
No. 864283 ID: 91ee5f

>>864245
>you…you have something I c-crave…need…want.
>………flesh.
>*sniff* Succulent, raw meat…fresh meat…I don’t care from what beast, just…bring me meat!
You’re a the Chef at the inn, right? He could smell the meat from the kitchen all over you. That’s why he chose to reach out to you for help.

>NO! I AM NOT LIKE THEM! I REFUSE TO…to…I won’t…f-flesh… give me flesh…I…fresh…newly slaughtered…alive if possible…I…I j-just need to eat…
It sounds like he’s an undead that’s struggling to eat without going crazy from not eating people.

And him mentioning that he refuses to be like them, probably means there are others in the city, but unlike this guy, those others have resorted to eating people.

>Help or not?
I don’t know, what should we do?!

>>864250
>No no, he said fresh meat, alive, we have to hunt something?
No, he said as fresh as possible, meaning either alive or killed within the past few minutes.

>In a separete note, isn't a little similar to what Ema has to eat? Something alive, to consume the soul?
Not even close.

Ema has to eat people with their souls full of sin. This guy refuses to eat flesh from a person and wants animal meat.
>>
No. 864294 ID: 8b4898

>>864245
This should be easy. Pop down to the butcher's, grab some fresh pork, and come back to the creepy bug. No problem.
>>
No. 864299 ID: b1b4f3

>>864245
Sounds like he's a zombie but striving to stay sane (I wonder if this guy is powerful enough for Oran's needs?). Tell him he's got a deal, you'll get him a chicken or a rabbit or something from the market.
>>
No. 864303 ID: fe7355

Tell him you'll do so and ask what name you should call him, in case he doesn't want to give his real name. And also ask if it should be here. This old grate looks rusted in place and would make a awful racket if it could be opened. If you bring any living creature wider than the gap between the bars, it won't fit through without... partitioning. It'd be both messy and noisy as the creature cries out as it's torn apart. Would a smaller creature be enough? Hm... Actually, you could just buy more than one of the smaller beasts that'd fit through whole instead of a single big one.

How big a live animal could you get to him without people thinking it suspicious? Chicken? Goose? Pig? Ankwark? ...Raptor? How many smaller ones could you bring here without suspicion? What about if you brought the smaller ones one by one? And how big a piece of very fresh meat could you carry here without it drawing attention? And most importantly: How much money do you have on hand and how much would buying the meat/livestock cost? Tell him how much you can get and ask if it'd be enough for him for now. Also tell him about how much it'll cost so he can get the coin together before you return if he doesn't have enough on himself.

Make sure to not go to your usual butcher, or anyone you or your father regularly do business with or anyone who knows you to purchase the meat for this guy. You don't want 'em possibly chatting with your dad or making idle gossip that'd get back to your dad about you coming in and buying livestock or big shanks of meat out of the blue. Or worse, running into your dad while doing this.

Okay, go through your memory of what you've heard and read about undead or other beings that used to be a mortal person and compare it to this guy. Ashen skin, or, rather, chitin and a drive to consume living or very recently dead flesh, preferably of people. What did he smell like? Likely does not like sunlight, given his hiding spot. Ghoul, maybe? This warrants research at the library. Well, whatever he is, it sounds like he's part of a group of them and he also did not want to become one. And that group very likely could be the cause of the disappearances over the last decade. You might have just found a inside man on this ten year mystery.

>YOU ARE ALSO AN ADULT! ACT LIKE ONE AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS!
...He's not wrong, y'know. You can't defer to your father forever, letting him shield you and take the big decisions, if only 'cause he'll pass away eventually. You gotta start standing up and taking initiative in your personal affairs and in the running of the business. ...Man, it feels strange to get life advice from someone you think is very likely undead.

>>864277
>Taking a second look, i am probably wrong about him being Ema's killer.
Ema's killer had at least four fingers in a human/Sakkilian/Vark configuration. This guy has three in a configuration similar to a Hiver. It's very unlikely they're the same person.
>>
No. 864311 ID: 91ee5f

>>864283
Also, if you decide to help this guy, make sure you let him know that it might be a while, so he shouldn’t expect you to come back immediately.
>>
No. 864320 ID: fe7355

Oh, and also bring a lamp or lantern or some other light source when you come back so you can get a good look at this guy.
>>
No. 864431 ID: 094652

Tell him raw meat is unhealthy and filled with parasites. CURED meat, on the other hand... you can get him some cured bacon strips, freshly made. Everyone likes bacon. You'll even get him an easy cooker for some gold.
>>
No. 864485 ID: 65a774
File 151776661730.png - (46.61KB , 700x550 , 45.png )
864485

>Tell him raw meat is unhealthy and filled with parasites. CURED meat, on the other hand...
:NonFoS: NO! RAW MEAT! I NEED IT RAW! OR ALIVE! I… I… m-my apologies… I didn’t mean to come off so rudely. I desire raw meat... if you are so kind…
>Tell him you'll do so and ask what name you should call him.
:NonFoS: My… name?

You watch as a wave of confusion washes over the hiver. He just stands there, staring at you, as he tries time and time again to say… something. But each time his mandibles moves, nothing comes out… then finally, with a heavy tint of sadness to his voice, he speaks up.

:NonFoS: I… c-can’t remember… my name… I… I need to eat… eat before I… I forget more… please…
:DragoFoS: I-I’ll see w-what I can get you, good sir…
:NonFoS: T-thank you…

>How big a live animal could you get to him without people thinking it suspicious? Chicken? Goose? Pig? Ankwark? ...Raptor?
A Raptor? You’re not made out of money!? You can’t just go out and buy a Raptor for pocket money! …or a pig… or Ankwark…
>You'll get him a chicken or a rabbit or something from the market.
You think you can get a live chicken down at the market for a good price. You usually buy them earlier on the week to use at the inn, but you’re sure you can still find one for a good price now. A chicken should be enough to feed someone, shouldn’t it?


>Drago, can you see some sort of armor on him?
The only thing he is wearing some kind of very fancy robe… or it was fancy once. Right now it’s covered in dirt and… other things…
>You’re a the Chef at the inn, right? He could smell the meat from the kitchen all over you.
You haven’t been in the kitchen since yesterday and you took a long bath this morning… you shouldn’t still smell of meat, should you?
>Oh, and also bring a lamp or lantern or some other light source when you come back so you can get a good look at this guy.
Hmm… hopefully he won’t get offended by you brining a light. He doesn’t seem to like it, going by where he is hiding.

>Sounds like he's a zombie but striving to stay sane.
But aren’t zombies mindless? You’re pretty sure all undead are just evil creatures who eats people and nothing more…
>And him mentioning that he refuses to be like them, probably means there are others in the city, but unlike this guy, those others have resorted to eating people.
That… by the three, that does sound plausible! What if the others like him are… are… the ones disappearing people! You really need to get that chicken quick, before he starts to eat people as well!
>Okay, go through your memory of what you've heard and read about undead or other beings that used to be a mortal person and compare it to this guy.
You’re not sure… undead are creatures created when someone doesn’t get a proper burial… and they try to eat living things… that… that’s about it, really…

Drago is currently choking a chicken…
Please choose another person to follow:
Pretty scaled lady (Ema) is busy.
The new Bard (Justina) is available.
Odd smelling snake (Oran) is busy.
Handsome hunk (Karn) is busy.
Father (Danus) is available.
Aspiring innkeeper (Drago) is busy.
>>
No. 864486 ID: fda98a

Drago please be careful. Take all nesesary precautions to not get traped or attacked.

Let's see what the Bard is up to. I have the feeling that she might be the one that we have to take care of the most.
>>
No. 864488 ID: b1b4f3

>>864485
Justina.
>>
No. 864558 ID: edf392

Let us go to The Bard
and if that dosen't work then Justina will do.
>>
No. 864560 ID: 91ee5f

>>864485
>Who next?
Justina
>>
No. 864571 ID: ad51b8

Justina
>>
No. 864578 ID: fe7355

Well, by vote is for Danus, as I've wanted both times before, but since everyone else has voted for Justina I guess he's stuck going last.

Drago, when you return with the chicken, take care that you're not within grabbing distance when you give it to the guy. With how hungry he sounds he might lose control and grab your arm too and start comping down. Either hand it over from the very limits of his reach or tie the chicken upside-down by its legs from a pole to extend from the side of the grate. Not looking directly at him eating the chicken would be a good idea too.

>A chicken should be enough to feed someone, shouldn’t it?
Don't be so sure. The others like him eat whole people, so it may not be enough. Just make sure you stay out of his reach after he's finished off the chicken, lest it's not enough to satiate him but it is enough to put him into some kind of ravenous bloodlust for a short while. If you're in reach you may lose fingers, a hand or worse to take care.

>The only thing he is wearing some kind of very fancy robe… or it was fancy once.
Remember what it looks like now and imagine what it'd look like clean and not faded. Keep on the lookout for the same or similar kinds of robes and try to remember if you've seen them before. If he was wearing them before his transformation, then he was likely a member of the more upper class. Maybe there's a record out there of a well-to-do Hiver guy that has gone missing.

>you shouldn’t still smell of meat, should you?
You do and will always smell like meat to him because you are the meat to whatever he's been turned into.

>What if the others like him are… are… the ones disappearing people!
But the number of people that have been vanished has significantly gone down since the curfew, so how can they have survived all these years? If they forget who they are the more hungry they get, they should be naught but beasts by now. By now it'd figure at least one of them would have given up hiding and broken into a home to devour the inhabitants and got the city hunting them down. It doesn't fit quite right, does it?

>You’re not sure… undead are creatures created when someone doesn’t get a proper burial… and they try to eat living things…
That's the natural occurring undead, but what about those created with preparation by necromancers? There are those who've turned themselves into sapient undead to try and dodge death. But, then again, this guy might not be undead but altered by unknown means into something else living. Ah, but all you can do is speculate. You can try to ask him outright what he's been turned into after he's eaten and is more mentally together.
>>
No. 864740 ID: 65a774
File 151785125650.png - (65.18KB , 700x550 , 46.png )
864740

>The others like him eat whole people, so it may not be enough.
How do you eat people whole!? Wouldn’t you stomach burst from that? No, you’re pretty sure they just eat bit and pieces from a person… like you eat an Ankwark.
>Keep on the lookout for the same or similar kinds of robes and try to remember if you've seen them before. If he was wearing them before his transformation, then he was likely a member of the more upper class.
That was definitely the robe of someone who was once rich, though you don’t think it was unique enough to be significant.

>But the number of people that have been vanished has significantly gone down since the curfew, so how can they have survived all these years?
Hmm… maybe they’ve found something else to eat? …or they don’t need to eat as many?
>By now it'd figure at least one of them would have given up hiding and broken into a home to devour the inhabitants and got the city hunting them down. It doesn't fit quite right, does it?
By the three, what if it’s one big conspiracy! Maybe the guard themselves are in on it and are covering it up! …or maybe you’re overthinking it… maybe they are just a few people who hides in the sewer or something…

>Drago please be careful. Take all necessary precautions to not get trapped or attacked.
You’ll make sure to hand it over to him from a distance…
>With how hungry he sounds he might lose control and grab your arm too and start comping down.
Don’t worry, caution is your second na-

:DragoFoS: -OFF!
:NonFoS: HEY WATCH IT!
:DragoFoS: Err… oh, s-sorry, Uredo sir… I d-didn’t see you there…
:NonFoS: *Grumble* Watch where you put those huge claws of yours, boy…
:DragoFoS: S-sorry…
:NonFoS: *Sigh* Move to the big city they said… you can set roots safely there they said… geez, with all these two feeters walking around I’d rather stayed at Dalriver…
>>
No. 864741 ID: 65a774
File 151785126825.png - (63.92KB , 700x550 , 47.png )
864741

>Let us go to The Bard.
:JustinaFoS: Why, hello there… I’m not interrupting anything, am I?
:NonFoS: Um… not at all, ma’am. How can I be at service?
:JustinaFoS: Hmhm… I can think of a lot of ways a cute boy like you can be of service, but… I can’t in good conscious pull you from you work, can I?
:NonFoS: Err… heh… um… I guess you can’t?
:JustinaFoS: But I couldn’t help but watch you work… to watch your delicate touch. Why, these feather long have yearned for such a tender caress…
:NonFoS: Um…
:JustinaFoS: But sadly, you always flee my dream come the morning… only that scent of lavender is left behind…
:NonFoS: Well… err… I did put a bit of it on… um…
:JustinaFoS: A scent I so crave to be bathed in…
:NonFoS: Oh… err… heh… um…

The huntress has found a new prey… now, how does she pounce on this one, hmm?

You are now Justina the Bard.
Current goals:
Get laid.
Aid the blue Hero.
Write epic (about blue Hero?).
Enjoy the festival.
Find rich married boy with little sense.
Seduce rich boy.
Take lots of money from rich boy.
Leave for next town.
Repeat.
>>
No. 864822 ID: 24e655

>Dalriver
Oh, that's interesting.
>Justina
Oran has seen through your Maskerade you must silence him quickly.
>>
No. 864823 ID: fda98a

>>864740
I have learned that you have to read the text first, and then interpret the image. I totally took that out of context.

>>864741
Well, i think i can help you with the "getting laid" part. Be a little bit subtitle. Play a little bit more, he is getting too nervous, make him feel comfortable.

But about taking money from someone else, i see it more complicated, especially in your case. I got a distinct feeling that that might make you disappear from existence. LITERALLY.
>>
No. 864825 ID: c0641d

>>864823
Yeah, you’re laying it on a little thick. Unless that’s the intent, and it’s designed to only nab idiots who deserve to have their hearts broken? Either way, you should ease off a little bit before you scare him off outright; maybe start asking about whatever info you’re here for. That is why you’re here, right? I’m thinking this looks like either a job center or an inn, or maybe a library (though that one is a stretch).
>>
No. 864829 ID: ad51b8

are you planning on taking blue with you when you vamoose or are you planning on going it alone? Do you know any way to defend yourself or are you kinda defenseless? How many times have you pulled off this scam? Do you limit yourself to just males or would wine and dine a rich female if it got you what you wanted?

Also where are you right now and who are you talking to? Because if your still at the inn you might want to tone it down unless the inn keeper finds out you've been flirting with his staff. Pretty sure you don't want to get another death glare. That thing was almost unnatural.
>>
No. 864831 ID: 91ee5f

>>864741
>Current goals
“Make myself plumper/softer/curvier/etc.” should be somewhere on that list.
>>
No. 864840 ID: 33cbe7

Go for it! The early bird gets the worm.
>>
No. 864841 ID: fe7355

>>864825
>I’m thinking this looks like either a job center or an inn, or maybe a library (though that one is a stretch).
>>864829
>Also where are you right now and who are you talking to?
Justina is at the front desk of Danus' inn, "The Raptor's Nest," as seen before in >>860965. The flustered (or maybe embarrassed) clerk currently working the desk is one of Danus' other employees since Danus only works the busy evening shift and opens the inn in the morning.
>>
No. 864935 ID: 56de11

>>864831
Achieve hereunto unknown levels of Thigg.
>>
No. 865160 ID: 65a774
File 151793341171.png - (54.78KB , 700x550 , 48.png )
865160

>Go for it! The early bird gets the worm.
You’d like to think you’ll get a snake instead… a big one as well…
>“Make myself plumper/softer/curvier/etc.” should be somewhere on that list.
You don’t need to put that on the list, that kind of happens on its own when you actually get some coin to spend. After dining fine a few weeks you’ll be even plumper… but of course, you generally lose that bit of extra when you go on the run again.
>Achieve hereunto unknown levels of Thicc.
You will become the very thiccness itself!
>Are you planning on taking blue with you when you vamoose or are you planning on going it alone?
Remember, long term plans. You’ll stay here for at least a few weeks before some angry wife runs you out of town… or when the guards start looking into all the stolen jewelry.

>Do you know any way to defend yourself or are you kinda defenseless?
You know how to make others to defend you. Really, what else do you need in a civilized world like this? Those bandits were just… really bad luck.
>How many times have you pulled off this scam?
More times than you can count… you’ve been doing this for years, after all.
>Do you limit yourself to just males or would wine and dine a rich female if it got you what you wanted?
While you admit you have a taste for males, you have managed to bed a few females in your time as well. It’s all the same in the end, as it doesn’t matter if you break the hearts of the arseholes that trample the weak for their precious coin or their bored husbands, really.

>Oran has seen through your Maskerade you must silence him quickly.
What? Someone know you’re a thief!? Who told them!? Was it that bitch from the last town? No, she can’t have known who to look for… no, you’re still safe… you hope.
>Also where are you right now and who are you talking to?
You’re still at the inn, talking to one of the day staff.
>Maybe start asking about whatever info you’re here for.
Info? You’re currently just wasting time. No need to rush after all, the festival won’t start until tomorrow… which will be a perfect opportunity to find some stuffed noble to rip off. They have so much jewelry and other charms that they usually never even notice that you’ve stolen from them, the bloated Ankwarks…
>You might want to tone it down unless the inn keeper finds out you've been flirting with his staff. Pretty sure you don't want to get another death glare. That thing was almost unnatural.
That thing was scary… but he isn’t here, is he? Heh…

>You’re laying it on a little thick. Unless that’s the intent, and it’s designed to only nab idiots who deserve to have their hearts broken?
The bored husband of some rich noblewoman loves nothing more than to be constantly praised by someone curvier than their own wife. After all, they usually marry for ill-gotten money and nothing else. But you’re right, this isn’t some avaricious aristocratic arsehole you’re dealing with… this is just another fun dirty dinky distraction. Maybe another approach would be prudent.

>Be a little bit subtle. Play a little bit more, he is getting too nervous, make him feel comfortable.
:JustinaFoS: Oh, I am so sorry, where are my manners? When I see someone worthy of a song my beak just wanders, you know.
:NonFoS: Err… um… I guess?
:JustinaFoS: But enough about me, I couldn’t help but see how spiritless you looked for a while there. Is something the matter?
:NonFoS: Oh… well, see… it’s just this shift is kind of slow? Especially now, when the whole inn is already full.
:JustinaFoS: Then you won’t mind if I stay to make so conversation to lighten the boredom?
:NonFoS: Um… n-not at all… as long as you don’t start quoting song lyrics at me again.
:JustinaFoS: To be fair, I did write them myself… but I have to ask, about th-
>>
No. 865161 ID: 65a774
File 151793342254.png - (72.23KB , 700x550 , 49.png )
865161

:TerrozaFoS: WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY!?
:JustinaFoS: EH!?

All the sudden a very large and angry Sakkilian woman shove you aside. Going by her garb, the Sakkilian is clearly a high ranking city guard… and going by her scars, she’s seen more battle than you’ve ever done. She easily lifts the inn clerk by the scruff of his neck and shakes him around while screaming in his face.

:NonFoS: T-Terroza!? B-but we a-already p-paid for protection this week!?
:TerrozaFoS: The deal have changed, worm. As I see it, with the festival you’ll have enough to make two payments this week. Why, I’m sure this inn can pay three times!
:NonFoS: Y-you can’t just-
:TerrozaFoS: I can and I did. Now pray that I don’t change the deal further, har har! NOW WHERE IS THE MONEY!?
:NonFoS: I… I’m n-not… y-you have to talk to Danus a-about that, I can’t just-
:TerrozaFoS: Well, he isn’t here, is he!? SO EMPTY THAT LITTLE REGISTER OF YOURS AND GIVE ME MY MONEY OR WILL THERE BE AN ACCIDENT!?
:NonFoS: But I can’t j-just- I’ll g-get f-fired for sure!
:TerrozaFoS: I DON’T CARE!

Seemingly for the first time, this Terroza notice that you’ve been standing there the whole time and shift her attention from the poor clerk to you.

:TerrozaFoS: …AND WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU!?

Err… what did you just become a part of?
>>
No. 865166 ID: 2fe26a

I'm Justina, but you can call me... anytime.
>>
No. 865171 ID: 6780f5

Yeah, keep dropping terrible pick-up lines until she completely loses her train of thought and leaves. You can probably take a bit of bodily harm, the thiccness will protect you.
>>
No. 865172 ID: fda98a

Oh, a corrupted city guard? This one will be delicious!

>>865166
HAHA, yeah no, let's try not to get yourself kill, just say that you are a bard that is staying in the inn. Let's not look for trouble, just stay aout of it. Unless you have an idea of how to help ypour little friend here. I think Ema will mostly interested in this encounter.
>>
No. 865173 ID: 91ee5f

>>865160
>They have so much jewelry and other charms that they usually never even notice that you’ve stolen from them, the bloated Ankwarks…
Why are you stealing bloated Ankwarks from the rich people?

And if you are stealing bloated Ankwarks from the rich people so you can eat them, then how are you not already plumper/softer/curvier/the very thiccness itself/etc.?!

>>865161
>Going by her garb, the Sakkilian is clearly a high ranking city guard…and going by her scars, she’s seen more battle than you’ve ever done.
>Seemingly for the first time, this Terroza notices that you’ve been standing there the whole time and shift her attention from the poor clerk to you.
>…AND WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU!?
>Err…what did you just become a part of?
You just became the solution to all the problems! You get to sing to earn the money to save the poor inn clerk that you’re trying to charm, give the money to Terroza so she’ll leave, and the inn clerk will be so thankful, you’ll be able to get him into a bed for saving him!

Of course, there’s no guarantee that you’ll earn money from singing about Terroza, so don’t mention anything about earning money for her. And you’d better hope that she’s got a gigantic ego and will be satisfied with you singing a song about her and then leave when you’re done singing!

Tell her, “I’m a bard that just arrived yesterday! But enough about me, tell me about yourself! Your garb leads me to believe you’re a high ranking member of the city guard! Please tell me of your many accomplishments, so that I may sing of them!”
>>
No. 865181 ID: b1b4f3

>>865161
Flirt. Aggressively.
>>
No. 865201 ID: eb4746

Tell her you're just one of the many bards here to enjoy the festival. Eager to hear or see anything that might be worth immortalizing into song for all to hear. Keep a friendly tone as you speak.
>>
No. 865211 ID: fc93e4

>>865181
>>865171
Hm... I think this could work, however we should act physically interested in her. Try ogling her chest.
>>
No. 865220 ID: 91ee5f

>>865211
That’s not going to work! Terroza is a Sakkilian, which means she’s got no boobs to ogle!
>>
No. 865222 ID: fc93e4

>>865220
I know. I was talking more like admiring her muscles. I apologize, I should've been clearer.
>>
No. 865226 ID: 65a774
File 151795809690.png - (66.28KB , 700x550 , 50.png )
865226

>Why are you stealing bloated Ankwarks from the rich people?
What? No, the rich people are the bloated Ankwarks whom you steal money from… often in the form of jewelry. Geez, why are you even having this argument with yourself?
>Oh, a corrupted city guard? This one will be delicious!
This is indeed a juicy target, if a dangerous one. She clearly is well off in her position, so she’s bound to have things of value to take… and she’s a complete arse, so she deserves it as well. The problem is… pissing off a guard is probably the last thing you want to do before leaving, so she might need to wait.
>You just became the solution to all the problems! You get to sing to earn the money to save the poor inn clerk that you’re trying to charm, give the money to Terroza so she’ll leave, and the inn clerk will be so thankful, you’ll be able to get him into a bed for saving him!
First off, you’ll probably not make that much just singing, especially on such a short notice. Second, you’d rather not spend that kind of money on someone you don’t know. Sure, he’s kind of cute, but cute boys are a copper a cart.

>Keep dropping terrible pick-up lines until she completely loses her train of thought and leaves.
:JustinaFoS: I'm Justina, but you can call me... anytime.
:TerrozaFoS: …huh?
:JustinaFoS: I’m just another bard here for the festival, eager to hear anything that might be worth to immortalize into song. Why, just looking at your beautiful visage it tells me a thousand tales that are begging to be sung.
:TerrozaFoS: …beautiful?
:JustinaFoS: Oh, I’m sure such a fearsome and strong lady as yourself is already bathing in admiration, but I needed to add to it as well. You are after all a-
:TerrozaFoS: You’re bullshiting up the wrong tree, slut. I don’t do sickos like you.
:JustinaFoS: Oh… err… then in that case-
:TerrozaFoS: And I saw how you were ogling the boy here… you know what I think of that, freak?
:JustinaFoS: Err… the more love, the b-
>>
No. 865227 ID: 65a774
File 151795810512.png - (39.75KB , 700x550 , 51.png )
865227

Suddenly, she grabs the back of your head and smashes it right into the table, hard enough for your beak to crack a bit.

:JustinaFoS: AH!
:TerrozaFoS: FUCKING DISEASED FOWL!

You can only whimper as she pressed down on you even harder, as a small trail of blood trickle down your nose…

>Flirt. Aggressively.
THIS IS THE WRONG KIND OF AGGRESSIVE!? She’s a freaking psychopath!
>You can probably take a bit of bodily harm, the thiccness will protect you.
THE THICCNESS HAS FAILED! THE PAIN IS REAL!
>I think Ema will mostly interested in this encounter.
Ema is a hero! She will know how to deal with this… this monster! You think… so far she’s only dealt with bandits and… this requires more finesse than that. You can’t cut down a high ranking official of the guard in broad daylight, can you?

She presses your face against the table again, as if she wants to make a point.

:TerrozaFoS: This is my territory, bitch! And I don’t take kindly of others coming to it uninvited! Especially a freak that likes the same as themselves. It’s disgusting!
:JustinaFoS: W-wha-
:TerrozaFoS: If I catch you so much as ogling anyone here again, I will shove that beak up your fat ass so far that you’ll get a heartburn! Do you understand!?
:JustinaFoS: But-
:TerrozaFoS: DO YOU UNDERSTAND!?
>>
No. 865239 ID: eb4746

Gee, homophobe much. Considering the situation there isn't any shame in saying what you need to say just to get out of this situation.
>>
No. 865244 ID: fc93e4

We should apologize very profusely. And maybe research some laws, we should see if we can get her jailed. It probably wouldn't work considering Terrozsa's position as a City Guard, but it's worth a shot.
>>
No. 865252 ID: 91ee5f

Start crying and panicking!
>>
No. 865261 ID: d887c0

>>865227
Say you understand, then go find Ema and sic her on this bitch.
>>
No. 865265 ID: fda98a

Say that you were just kidding and you promise her to keep the homo jokes at the minimum.
Oh yeah, Ema will definitely love to meet this one.
>>
No. 865267 ID: eb4746

>>865265
Homophobe guard eaten by bisexual shapeshifter that steals her form. Sounds like a fitting punishment.
>>
No. 865269 ID: 91ee5f

>>865265
>you promise her to keep the homo jokes at the minimum.
No, you idiot, don’t call her out on it! That’s the easiest way to get thrown in jail!
>>
No. 865273 ID: fda98a

>>865269
WELL, NO JOKES AT ALL THEN!
>>
No. 865277 ID: fc93e4

Just thought of this: we look up as much as we can, to see if the clerk got away. If he got away, we accomplished our goal.
>>
No. 865282 ID: b1b4f3

>>865227
>high ranking official of the guard
Is she at the very top? If not, you could just easily report this.
>>
No. 865288 ID: 91ee5f

>>865282
Then she’ll easily know who to come beat the shit out of if she does get chewed out by her boss. But there’s also the possibility that her boss is the one that told her to do this, which would result in nothing happening.

We also don’t know if she could sweet talk her way out of getting in trouble. It’s obvious she’s been doing this for years, so she must have a way to avoid punishment if her boss is unaware of her actions.
>>
No. 865298 ID: 33cbe7

I still think you look good enough to eat, hun.
>>
No. 865352 ID: cb585b

>>865227
Welp, i believe it's time to go with the flow, say "Yes", and haul ass to the Training Hall to sic Ema on this bitch.
>>
No. 865363 ID: 094652

"Are you high? I'm not obeying you right now because you act like an animal and not a lord."
>>
No. 865391 ID: 91ee5f

>>865363
No, bad Kome! Don’t say that!
>>
No. 865412 ID: fe7355

There is a time and a place for clever wordplay, witty retorts or flattering flirting and this is definitely not it. Frankly, it wasn't a minute ago either.

The only way you're getting out of this is to be a meek little bird, say "yes, ma'am," hold your fool tongue unless spoken to and comply fully with Terroza until she leaves. Because if you don't, if you piss her off even one bit more, she will break your pretty face before hauling you off to jail. And that's if you're lucky. If you're not, she'll drag you to some dark, off-the-books dungeon and beat you to death. So swallow your pride because your life depends on it.

Once Terroza is gone, go check on the desk clerk. Ask him if he's okay and help him if he needs it. And tell him that if he wants you'll tell Danus what happened here to back his story so he doesn't get fired for her cleaning out the register. Just don't expect to get laid by him, ever. With Terroza's claim to every guy in her territory, which undoubtedly extends beyond the inn, he won't touch you with a barge pole out of fear of Terroza's wrath coming down on him too. Hell, it means you can't flirt with any guy in this city in public out of fear that Terroza will spot you, which is infuriating.

Now, what the flying fuck where you thinking flirting with a fuckin' angry corrupt city guard who was in the middle of a goddamn shakedown?! And so ham-fisted and recklessly too! It's one thing to flirt with bored aristocrats and cute desk clerks where the risks are low if you misread 'em and screw up. It is a whole other thing to do so with someone who can and will arrest you then beat you to a pulp in a isolation cell! You can't go in blind on something like that!

And for fuck's sake, aren't you supposed to avoid the city guard's attention unless absolutely necessary so they won't be paying attention to you while you steal from whatever rich trophy husband you've seduced? Well, now you've got the attention of not just any city guard, but a high ranking, deeply corrupt, raging homophobic one who thinks you're some disgusting bisexual freak. She will get all up in your business any time you cross paths. Maybe shake you down for coin, or throw you in jail on some bogus charge. And since you have no coin to pay any fine slapped on your fine ass, you'll end up in the slammer for who knows how long.

You need to tell Ema about Terroza. Even if she can't do anything about the psycho bitch she should at least be warned not to horn in on Terroza's claimed territory by flirting with the guys. ...Unfortunately, you haven't seen Ema here this morning and you have no idea where she might be in the city. You don't even know where she slept last night. ...Oh, crap, you hope she didn't get snapped up by the guards after curfew or worse. You need to find Danus and ask him if he knows where Ema stayed last night or where she might be today.

...Oh, dammit, you might be in bigger danger from Terroza than you initially thought. What are the odds that you've seriously pissed off someone powerful enough to have a warrant issued for your arrest sent out to every major city in Occidavia? Could Terroza see a sketch and physical description of you on a wanted poster or in the warrant log once she heads back to the guard station? 'Cause if that happens, it's all over for you.

>>865252
No, don't cry or panic! Not yet, at least. Wait until Terroza has been gone for a bit.

>>865265
>Say that you were just kidding and you promise her to keep the homo jokes at the minimum.
Oh, hell, no. Terroza will not tolerate any smartass remarks. So trying to be witty or clever is a good way to end up with a broken beak, at best.

>>865273
EXACTLY! No jokes 'cause this situation is goddamn serious!

>>865282
With the way she brazenly all but shouted that she was extorting the inn, she either is rightly confident that her superiors won't stop her or overconfident they won't. Take the safe bet and figure the former; Fair odds her boss is complicit and taking a cut. Besides if the locals haven't been able to go above Terroza's head to stop her after what's likely been a long period of her pulling this kind of criminal shit, then what chance does of a wandering bard have?

>>865298
Oh, goddesses, don't say this!

>>865352
Thing is, Justina doesn't know about Karn asking Ema to spar at his training hall because Justina was on stage singing when that happened and didn't hear.

>>865363
For fuck's sake, no!
>>
No. 865413 ID: cc5f4f

That hand... that doesn't look like a healthy hand... I suppose.

it looks like the one the guy behind the grates had.
>>
No. 865414 ID: 91ee5f

>>865413
It’s a fancy new thing called a prosthetic hand. Or she’s wearing a metal glove, which is part of her city guard armor.
>>
No. 865430 ID: 35089a

>>865413
if anything it looks like the hand of one of those guys that killed ema buy it may just look similar cause drawing hands is hard
>>
No. 865480 ID: b15da4

"Yes."
Brevity is a virtue.
>>865412
That goes double for you.
>>
No. 865495 ID: 65a774
File 151802370918.png - (55.29KB , 700x550 , 52.png )
865495

>Drawing hands is hard.
HANDS ARE THE DEVIL! THE DEVIL I TELL YA!

>See if the clerk got away. If he got away, we accomplished our goal.
It seems like he’s gotten out of her grasp, though he is still nearby, just far away to not get grabbed again.
>That hand... that doesn't look like a healthy hand... I suppose.
She’s wearing metal gauntlets. You’re going to guess she got armor under that green cloak of hers.

>I'm not obeying you right now because you act like an animal and not a lord.
What kind of lord doesn’t act like an animal!? They are like wild beast, but instead of a craze for food it’s money and power. They don’t care who or what they’ll ruin just to get some more coin.
>Now you've got the attention of not just any city guard, but a high ranking, deeply corrupt, raging homophobic one who thinks you're some disgusting bisexual freak. She will get all up in your business any time you cross paths.
You can only hope that she’ll see you as nothing more than a quick distraction for now. You’d think she’ll have more important concerns than some random bard she found in an inn.
>What are the odds that you've seriously pissed off someone powerful enough to have a warrant issued for your arrest sent out to every major city in Occidavia?
Yeah… if she wanted you arrested she would have arrested you already. You don’t take her for the person that will actually put in a lot of work to hurt people… she’ll just punch them instead.

>Is she at the very top? If not, you could just easily report this.
Anyone who is above her is either more corrupt or there because of nepotism. Neither will really have a reason to help a poor bard, would they?
>Maybe research some laws, we should see if we can get her jailed.
Those that enforce the law seldom see fit to follow it themselves. No, you’ve lost your trust in the law a long time ago.
>Brevity is a virtue.
Brevity has never been a strong suit, either in words or more corporeal thing, but when it’s the only choice…

:JustinaFoS: Y-yes! I u-understand! Loud and clear!
:TerrozaFoS: Hmm… really? Then tell me… what did I just say?
:JustinaFoS: T-that a freak like me have no place here!
:TerrozaFoS: Har har! That’s more like it. But you can stay here and play that music of yours, just keep your filthy hands of any of my boys...
:JustinaFoS: G-got it…
:TerrozaFoS: Good…. Now then…

She lets go of your head as she gets up to leave… but before she walks out the door she turn around and looks at the inn clerk.

:TerrozaFoS: As for the money, I will be back later when Danus is here… you better tell him to be ready when I come back at my usual time.
:NonFoS: O-Of course!

>Once Terroza is gone, go check on the desk clerk.
You don’t have to go check on him, because as soon as Terroza leaves he runs up to you with a healing salve in hand.
:NonFoS: Are you alright!? She didn’t hurt you, did she? Oh no, you’re bleeding! Here, I brought some salve for you…
>Ask him if he's okay and help him if he needs it.
:NonFoS: Me? Oh, I’m fine… I’m fine thanks to you, that is. It was awfully brave of you to grab her attention like you did… I… I don’t know what to say but… thank you.
:JustinaFoS: … … …heh, well… A proper lady can’t let someone hurt a gentleman like that…
>With Terroza's claim to every guy in her territory, which undoubtedly extends beyond the inn, he won't touch you with a barge pole out of fear of Terroza's wrath coming down on him too.
:JustinaFoS: So… about her claim that this was her territory…
:NonFoS: Don’t put too much stock in it. She likes to claim that the staff of the inn is hers, but I don’t think she’ll ever get anything unless she paid coin for it. If anything, she probably was more mad that you… um… flirted with her than anything…
:JustinaFoS: Well… that’s good to know…
:NonFoS: Now please, sit still while I apply this salve…

>Go find Ema and sic her on this bitch.
You have no idea where Ema currently is. All you know is that she slept at the inn according to the innkeeper’s son, so your best bet to find her is to wait here for her to come back. Of course… you might have more… important matters to attend to right now… hehe…

Justina is currently… yeah… or at least trying to.
Please choose another person to follow:
Blue scaled hero of legend (Ema) is busy.
The disgraced noble (Justina) is busy.
Smelly snake (Oran) is busy.
Cute boy (Karn) is busy.
Handsome man (Danus) is available.
Off limits boy (Drago) is busy.

Choose your destiny!
>>
No. 865496 ID: b15da4

Be Xi'ankh.
>>
No. 865504 ID: d1d5b8

Well, looks like we don't have much choice.

Be Single Dragon Father
>>
No. 865506 ID: 91ee5f

>>865495
Be Danus.
>>
No. 865509 ID: f6785d

And then there was one. Let's see what is the "old man" doing. So many catacters.
>>
No. 865522 ID: 4854ef

Be Kaktus.
>>
No. 865524 ID: fc93e4

>>865522

If we can do that, then do that cause it'd be funny. If not, Be Danus.
>>
No. 865547 ID: fe7355

Heh. Have fun catching some of that cute tail, gal. Well, only one option left: Follow Danus.

>If anything, she probably was more mad that you… um… flirted with her than anything…
Hm... How much you wanna bet Terroza is a deeply in denial closet case?
>>
No. 865561 ID: 56de11

Be Gonthot.
>>
No. 865562 ID: 65a774
File 151803751099.png - (36.88KB , 700x550 , 53.png )
865562

>Hm... How much you wanna bet Terroza is a deeply in denial closet case?
Those kinds of closets are outright dangerous to open, so let’s not even try, alright?
>Heh. Have fun catching some of that cute tail, gal.
:JustinaFoS: So… when is your break?
:NonFoS: Oh… um… can take my break anytime I want… um… why?
:JustinaFoS: *Wink*
:NonFoS: …oh… OH… um… r-right…


>Be Xi'ankh.
Update on its way…
>Be Kaktus.
You’re now Kaktus the author. You’ve just been consumed by sheer bitterness. You are dead. Please choose another character.


>Be Single Dragon Father.
:NonFoS: -so they are planning on starting up the farm again. Pure poppycock if you ask me, brother.
:DanusFoS: Hmfp… it’s doomed to fail. It’s too far north. To close to the tower.
:NonFoS: Well, that doesn’t seem to stop them rascals.
:DanusFoS: They’re young and stupid, brother. Just thinking about the coin and not the risk.
:NonFoS: Eh, you’re right, you’re right… mark my words, they’ll have disappeared before the next harvest, just like the rest.
:DanusFoS: I won’t argue with that, brother.
:NonFoS: Also, your king is in peril.
:DanusFoS: Eh? It’s… oh… I didn’t…
:NonFoS: Are you alright, old friend? You seem a bit… distracted.
:DanusFoS: I’m fine, brother… it’s nothing.
:NonFoS: You always get gloomy this time of the year but… I’ve never seen you like this before.
:DanusFoS: I’m fine, really.
:NonFoS: If you say so, brother.

Of course… you’re not fine, are you? You can’t help but to brood over your life… how different it turned out from what you’d envisioned… all because of that one night. *sigh* but there is no point in living in the past. No, right now you have a game of regicide to win… you can’t let that old friend of yours across the table continue his winning streak.

You are now Danus the innkeeper.
Current goals:
Take care of the inn.
Raise Drago properly.
Find a proper lady to spend the rest of your life with.
Accept that you’re beyond your prime and will probably die alone and unloved.
Win this Regicide game.
>>
No. 865563 ID: ad51b8

>You’re now Kaktus the author. You’ve just been consumed by sheer bitterness. You are dead. Please choose another character.
do...do you need a hug?

>Danus
So what do you think of that blue gal that walk in the other day?
>>
No. 865566 ID: fc93e4

Wait, if Kaktus is dead, how is this thread up?

and... i dunno how to play regicide, so, Blood for the blood god? I also know nothing about warhammer.
>>
No. 865579 ID: 56de11

>>865566
>implying Kaktus hasn't been dead all along
REG FOR THE REG THRONE

>>865562
>Accept that you’re beyond your prime and will probably die alone and unloved.
What you don't think your son cares for you?
Whats brought all this on? Was it the blue girl?
>>
No. 865582 ID: 91ee5f

>>865562
>What do?
Have your “dad senses” suddenly start tingling and somehow alert you to the fact that your son is in trouble and you need to go rescue him! And your “dad senses” are also telling you that your son has somehow disobeyed you in some way and needs to be grounded once you figure out how he disobeyed you.

.....no, wait, maybe it’s just bad gas. You probably shouldn’t have eaten that thing you had for breakfast earlier.

>Find a proper lady to spend the rest of your life with.
>Accept that you’re beyond your prime and will probably die alone and unloved.
Fixed that for you.
>>
No. 865617 ID: f6785d

Are the harvesting days having some sort of horrible outcomes lately?
>>
No. 865618 ID: eb4746

Change the subject to something else. Tell him about how your sons been doing since you two last discussed him.
>>
No. 865788 ID: 05ff2f

Right, focus on the game now. You can wallow in your vintage woe and wheel out all your well-worn could-have-beens and regrets later. So how long has your old friend's winning streak been going for? You picked up anything about his play style over the years you could take advantage of now? Who is he, how long have you known him and how'd you meet and became friends?

Once the game is over, you really should open up and unburden yourself to your old friend. Don't be guarded with your bro when he's concerned about you. Talking about your troubles, getting things off your chests and supporting each other is what good friends do, right? ...Or is he not actually that close of a friend?

Now you cut that "past your prime" malarkey out. You're not some dried up ancient codger. How old are you? Late thirties? C'mon, stop thinking like you're seventy. You're a handsome, good, kind man who runs a successful inn and while doing so raised your son all on your own into a good adult. That shows perseverance and strength of character in the face of adversity to be admired. You're experienced, capable and caring. A fine vintage if ever there was. One that a good number of ladies would like if they knew you. The kind that desire a man of substance.

How long has it been since you've looked for gals that might be the one that'd spend her life with you? When was the last time you went out on a date? For that matter, when was the last time you got laid? Way too long ago, right? Anyway, what's your preference in a lady, physically and personality-wise? You strictly looking for a Sakkilian or are you open to other species?

You can tick a check-mark of success next to "Raise Drago properly." He's grown up to be a good and kind man, like his father, and is capable of running the inn himself. Take pride and comfort in that. Now you should add "Help find him a loving spouse" to your list and really prod him towards dating.

Y'know, your son has picked up how much not having a lady in your life is effecting you, how it's turning you into a sour grump, and he's worried for you. So for his sake don't give up on finding a gal. Get back out there looking for one. And now that Drago is grown up and can start taking over running the inn, you don't need to be there all the time parenting him or running the business and can take the time to find a good lady.

So what's the deal with this tower you mentioned and the disappearances? What is it and how long has it been around? And when did the disappearances start and where? ...And why would a farm closer to the tower make more coin than any other farm? And how can it be enough to even start considering taking such a mortal risk?
>>
No. 865789 ID: 094652

>>865582
>Find a proper lady to spend the rest of your life with.
>Accept that you’re beyond your prime and will probably die alone and unloved.
>Build a porn stash of strange and interesting fetishes.
>Hide an ACTUAL collection of respectable and bizzare items in your decoy porn stash.
NOW it's fixed.

Remember to press the advantage in Regicide, not waste it. A war is soldiers, positioning, and timing all at once. If you're not doing at least two things with a single move, you're doing it wrong.
>>
No. 865795 ID: 35089a

>consumed by bitterness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rflHvYsx0GA
>>
No. 865820 ID: 65a774
File 151810558130.png - (34.88KB , 700x550 , 54.png )
865820

>>865795
Shh…
>Wait, if Kaktus is dead, how is this thread up?
Kaktus has absolutely not been killed and replaced by his evil clone and any rumors stating otherwise are lies and slander.

>Remember to press the advantage in Regicide, not waste it. A war is soldiers, positioning, and timing all at once.
:NonFoS: Sacrificing your king, huh?
:DanusFoS: As long as the queen stands nothing else matters.
:NonFoS: Hmm… true… though a queen on her own won’t do much good…
>Who is he, how long have you known him and how'd you meet and became friends?
The two of you have been like brothers ever since you were children, really. He is, after all, your closes and most trusted friend.
>You really should open up and unburden yourself to your old friend.
:DanusFoS: Actually… there is something that has been on my mind lately…
:NonFoS: Don’t tell me, it’s the whole bachelor thing, isn’t it?
:DanusFoS: …well, yes.
:NonFoS: Old friend, I’ve told you a thousand times. You actually need to work for it, no matter how impossible it seems.
:DanusFoS: But-
:NonFoS: Yes, I know, most ladies today, both young and old, prefer young blood… but there is still others out there. And you know what, brother? How about instead spending every evening taking care of your inn you can go out and have fun for once. You won’t meet anyone if you just sit at home and do nothing.
:DanusFoS: But someone needs to-
:NonFoS: Your staff can do that on their own. Trust me… take an evening or two off and have some fun… you’ll thank me for it.

>Now you cut that "past your prime" malarkey out. You're not some dried up ancient codger. How old are you? Late thirties? C'mon, stop thinking like you're seventy.
You’re 37 and you’ll be lucky if you even reach seventy. It’s just the truth, but most of your life has already passed by.
>When was the last time you went out on a date?
It’s been too long… way to long…
>For that matter, when was the last time you got laid?

>You strictly looking for a Sakkilian or are you open to other species?
Once, you would have only been looking for another Sakkilian, but with age your taste… or desperation have made you look for those close to Sakkilians as well, like Varkians and Humans.

>Are the harvesting days having some sort of horrible outcomes lately?
Not the harvest in particular, but late autumn is the most dangerous time of the year to be in the woods around here. It’s then when it’s as darkest, before the snow comes and lightens up the woods with its white purity.
>So what's the deal with this tower you mentioned and the disappearances? What is it and how long has it been around?
It’s been there for about… nine years? Maybe ten by now? No one is sure what it is as no one has really gotten close to it. A large area around it is surrounded by the odd looking fence and as far as you know, no one who’ve passed that fence have ever come back, so the guard just wrote of the whole area as impassible.
>...And why would a farm closer to the tower make more coin than any other farm?
It’s less that they make more coin than that the farm is dirt cheap. Of course, there have been rumors that things grow better close to the tower, but no one has really had the chance to try it out.
>And how can it be enough to even start considering taking such a mortal risk?
Because youth is wasted on the young. They don’t see the consequences, just the gain.

>What you don't think your son cares for you?
You mean unloved as in romantic love… not familial love. Of course your son loves you.
>Have your “dad senses” suddenly start tingling and somehow alert you to the fact that your son is in trouble and you need to go rescue him!
Your dad senses are always tingling when he goes out alone like that… but… you have to trust him, don’t you?
>And your “dad senses” are also telling you that your son has somehow disobeyed you in some way and needs to be grounded once you figure out how he disobeyed you.
Sadly, your son is no longer a child, so he simply has to face the consequences of his misdeeds instead of just getting grounded.

>What’s brought all this on? Was it the blue girl?
Huh? No, you’ve…. You’ve been a bit down for a while now… though seeing someone so full of energy come in certainly reminded you just how old you are…
>So what do you think of that blue gal that walk in the other day?
Her scales certainly was something special… it’s like she is a shining opal. Why, if you were younger you wouldn’t have hesitated to try and get a dance out of her but… now you know better. You can’t base relationships on just the color of someone scales, can you? *Sigh*… maybe in another life…

:DanusFoS: You’ve been standing there for a while now, lass… is there something you want?
>>
No. 865821 ID: 65a774
File 151810558942.png - (40.99KB , 700x550 , 55.png )
865821

:MaskedFoS: …you are the innkeeper of the Raptors Nest, correct?
:DanusFoS: That is me… who is asking?
:MaskedFoS: …you have a patron at your inn whom is… blue, correct?
:DanusFoS: …why are you asking me about whom is staying at my inn?
:MaskedFoS: …I have a message for her.
:DanusFoS: Really, lass? And that message is…?
:MaskedFoS: …tell her to meet me at the inn… tonight. One hour before the curfew.
:DanusFoS: And from whom exactly is this message from?
:MaskedFoS: …a friend. A friend that want to… share a shot of snaps with her… for old time sakes.
:DanusFoS: … … …can’t you at least show the decency to remove your mask when you talk, lass?
:MaskedFoS: …my apologies, but I can’t do that.
:DanusFoS: Hmpf… really?
:MaskedFoS: …so, can you tell her?

…you can’t really put your tail on it, but something is… wrong with this human. Very wrong…
>>
No. 865831 ID: ffa7ee

As for the "hooking up with someone," are you open to more than just females?

On the topic of the masked woman, try to find out why the mask is on. Don't directly ask, try to see if you could get her to slip up and reveal it on accident.
>>
No. 865836 ID: 4854ef

Masked individuals can't be a common thing around here. Specially one with a rather odd looking one like that.
>>
No. 865841 ID: 7b594e

>>865821
What skin we can see doesn't look right. Humans don't really do the whole green thing.
Say you'll deliver the message, but warn Ema about this person when you do deliver it.
>>
No. 865844 ID: eb4746

Tell her you'll pass on the message if you see her friend, but you'll also be bringing up this suspicious behavior as well. If she thinks her blue friend will still show up despite that then that's on her.
>>
No. 865859 ID: 91ee5f

>>865821
>That mask
>Knows Ema
Hugo?! No, wait, Hugo was a male, this human is a female. Unless, Hugo magically changed himself into a woman to disguise himself???

>…tell her to meet me at the inn…tonight. One hour before the curfew.
“Whatever business you have, I must insist that you conduct it inside the inn. Especially, if it’s going to be taking place that close to the curfew.”

>Deliver message?
“I’m sorry lass, but I have a hard time remembering things from people that don’t tell me their names. Perhaps if you gave me yours, I might have an easier time remembering what you asked of me?”
>>
No. 865882 ID: 05ff2f

Yeah, this is raisin' red flags all over. First, she's wearing a mask ahead of the festival day. Normally that wouldn't be to noteworthy, but with how cagey and cryptic she's being it says she doesn't want to show her face for more nefarious reasons. Second, she's being cryptic, withholding her name and such. Third, you think that what skin you can see is green. Unless she's alchemically dyed it, that ain't normal for a human. What's her body language and movement like? Is it off somehow? What about her odor? Is it strange or not even there? How about her voice? Is it odd? Commit everything about this gal to memory to tell Ema later.

This smells of a setup for Ema, one you at the least do not want inside your inn 'cause it'll likely turn violent and messy. Tell this gal you don't want trouble in your inn and you're getting the feeling her meeting with her "friend" will be trouble. Say you'll relay her message, but only if she chooses another meeting spot. Could be the street outside the inn, could be anywhere else, just as long as it's not in the inn. But whether her "friend" shows up will be up to her "friend." Now, if she has nothing more to add you have a Regicide game to finish.

Once she's gone, ask your old friend what he makes of that. It's obvious your patron has some bad history that's catching up with her. You wish you could get the city guard to loiter about at that time in case there is trouble, but that ain't gonna happen. Not the least because of Terroza. ...Maybe you could ask Karn to come around to protect the place. You definitely should make sure your son and staff are away from the meeting place, though.

>Trust me… take an evening or two off and have some fun… you’ll thank me for it.
And whatta you know, it just happens to be the eve of the Harvest Festival. So take advantage of this time of revelry, head out to the festival grounds and have some fun while scoping out the ladies. It'll be the first time you've gotten to actually go out and enjoy the festival in years rather than be tied to the inn 'cause it's packed with festival goers.

>>865836
It's actually a Harvest Festival tradition to wear masks, though it's supposed to be on the day of the festival, not the day before. And isn't it a more a rural tradition to wear masks?

>>865859
It's only Hugo's mask, so it doesn't indicate this person is Hugo in any way. It was probably taken from his corpse, hence why it's broken, though how it managed to get here to be worn by whoever this is at the right time is a mystery.
>>
No. 865886 ID: a633c6

It's not a human, it's neck is green and there's nothing behind that crack in the mask. Say you'll pass it on.
>>
No. 865895 ID: 65a774
File 151812739771.png - (48.98KB , 700x550 , 56.png )
865895

>Masked individuals can't be a common thing around here. Specially one with a rather odd looking one like that.
It looks like a cheap festival mask. Though, it’s mostly children and the one manning the stands at the festival that wear those things, so it’s still a bit odd seeing someone walk around like this with one on.
>What skin we can see doesn't look right. Humans don't really do the whole green thing.
That’s clearly some kind of cloth. That human is clearly trying to hide its skin completely.
>What's her body language and movement like? Is it off somehow? What about her odor? Is it strange or not even there?
…you have to watch it for a while but… you finally realize what’s so off about it. It’s doesn’t move… as in, it doesn’t have any body language at all! Nor does it smell either!
>How about her voice? Is it odd?
I’m ambiguous. You can’t tell if it’s actually a lass or a lad behind that mask. You thought it was a lass at first thanks to that slim frame, but it doesn’t have those pockets of fat on her chest like most human women do…


:DanusFoS: I’m sorry lass, but I have a hard time remembering things from people that don’t tell me their names.
:MaskedFoS: …my name is not important.
:DanusFoS: Then maybe I might just not remember to mention this message to her.
:MaskedFoS: …then maybe she’ll be very cross with you that you forgot.
:DanusFoS: Hmpf… can you at least tell me if you’re a lass or a lad?
:MaskedFoS: … … …I do not understand that query.
:DanusFoS: If you don’t want to tell me, just say so.
>Tell her you'll pass on the message if you see her friend, but you'll also be bringing up this suspicious behavior as well.
:MaskedFoS: …that is all I ask for. Thank you for your time, innkeeper. Ending conversation.

And with that, the masked fellow just leaves. You follow it for a bit with your eyes… and even its walk is odd. You’re pretty sure it wasn’t moving its upper body at all.

>Once she's gone, ask your old friend what he makes of that.
:NonFoS: Trouble, that what I make of it.
:DanusFoS: I concur… but, what can I do?
:NonFoS: Just be careful, brother. Now, this game doesn’t seem to be going in your favor, is-
>You have a Regicide game to finish.
:DanusFoS: I just assassinated your queen.
:NonFoS: … … …what? How? But I…?
:DanusFoS: You were too busy eavesdropping to focus on the game, brother. Did you really think I would sacrifice my king needlessly?
:NonFoS: Bah, and here I thought you would be to distracted from talking to play properly… ah, no matter, it was about time anyway. I need to pick up a few things for my wife before dinner time anyway so… good game, brother.
:DanusFoS: It was a good game. And that does remind me, I need to pick up a few parogranat fruit as well. I’ll be seeing you.
:NonFoS: I’ll be seeing you as well. Now, where did I put the box to this thing?

>As for the "hooking up with someone," are you open to more than just females?
You only like females. Your son is the one who is interested in the other ones.
>And whatta you know, it just happens to be the eve of the Harvest Festival. So take advantage of this time of revelry, head out to the festival grounds and have some fun while scoping out the ladies.
Hmm… it’s been years since you’ve properly experienced the festival… maybe you deserve a bit of a break for once? Heh… maybe you should find someone to experience it with you… or maybe you’ll just bring your son… hmmm…

…you know, if you hurry, you’ll probably be able to follow that strange masked fellow. Though… something tells you it isn’t a very good idea. Besides, this matter shouldn’t really concern you.
>>
No. 865899 ID: 3e59db

Keep an eye and ear out from the inn, but make sure it's not obvious you're eavesdropping. If you'd be at the inn at that point in time.

The masked person could be an artificial person, though not necessarily human could explain lack of humanism.

The Fat Lumps on human females are called- actually, ask one what they're called, see what happens.
>>
No. 865902 ID: ad51b8

maybe head towards the nomads that sell their ginger snaps and ask about our masked friend? It did say something about snaps so maybe they might now more about the masked creep. If not then hey, ginger snaps.
>>
No. 865919 ID: 05ff2f

This matter is going to be in your inn, so that makes it your concern. But, you have a feeling you're out of your depth with whatever is going on and trying to tail that person will not end well for you. For your son's sake you won't risk yourself like that for a lass you only met yesterday.

What you can do is prepare for a meeting that may turn nasty. Make sure the meeting happens in a private room, away from the other patrons and staff. Check that the inn's fire-fighting kit is working and that the first-aid is stocked up. Maybe ask Oran to leave a couple healing potions in your office overnight which you'll pay for if they have to be used.

You can also track down Ema now and tell her so she has more time to either get ready or get gone. After you get that parogranat fruit for her. Yeah, admit it, you're a little sweet on the lass. If only she were older or you younger...

That person also mentioned that Ema drinks schnapps, so how about buying a bottle or two from the Vark nomads to stock the bar with? Even if she doesn't actually like it you'll still be able to use it.

Put together what you've observed of that masked person and take a guess at what they are. The androgynous voice and body and the way it didn't understand the question of its gender points towards it not having a gender. Covering its face and body entirely means it doesn't want anyone to know what it is. And the way it had no smell, didn't move like it was living and breathing and walked... Mechanically? Like a clockwork automaton. So either not alive or life as you don't know it. Undead? Golem, maybe? No, there isn't a golem advanced enough to pull this off, is there? ...But did you notice how there was a delay before every one of its replies? Perhaps it was being remotely controlled, its strings pulled from afar and words put in its mouth by a puppeteer listening and looking through it. Well, whatever it was, everything points to you being way out of your depth and you should remember to tell Ema everything you observed about it.

>Heh… maybe you should find someone to experience it with you… or maybe you’ll just bring your son… hmmm…
Any lady prospects you have in mind? Doesn't matter whether you feel they're out of your league, put 'em on the list of potential dates and ask 'em out.

>>865902
I think "snaps" is actually "schnapps," as in the liquor. They sound alike so I guess that's how Kaktus mixed them up.
>>
No. 865929 ID: 6780f5

>>865919
Snaps is the Swedish spelling of it
>>
No. 865930 ID: 91ee5f

>>865895
>…then maybe she’ll be very cross with you that you forgot.
That’s actually incorrect. Ema wouldn’t really care if it’s a message from a random stranger, but if a name was given and Ema knows that name, then she’d be more inclined to show up at this meeting.

Too bad the masked individual was too stupid to realize that.

>You only like women.
Well, what kind of women are you interested in? Sakkilian, Varkian, Hiver, Serpens, etc.? Younger than you? Older than you? Close to your age? Strong, like that blue Sakkilian, Ema? Plump, like that Varkian bard?

You’ve gotta list out what kind of woman you’re looking for!

>…you know, if you hurry, you’ll probably be able to follow that strange masked fellow. Though…something tells you it isn’t a very good idea. Besides, this matter shouldn’t really concern you.
Don’t follow them, that’s just asking for trouble. And if something were to happen to you, then poor Drago will be all alone!

What you should be worried about is that masked person following you.
>>
No. 865936 ID: f6785d

Wow, this is kind of serious. I think you shouldn't follow them, even if this kind of concerns you. If has to do with Ema, is bound to be dangerous.
Speaking of Ema, what do you think about that lass, eh? Strong, young, good looking, and very polite too. Surely you must have some experience that someone young would be looking for. She might not be looking for something stable, like most young people do, but it might help you to shake the rust.
>>
No. 866123 ID: 65a774
File 151819143462.png - (52.26KB , 700x550 , 57.png )
866123

>Snaps is the Swedish spelling of schnapps.
According to both Google and the Lexicon I use snaps is also a proper English (or at least British) spelling of it, just one less used than the Germanic schnapps version. So I guess my attempt at being cute and add some flavor by using a less used spelling just ended up with confusing people, eh?

>Don’t follow them, that’s just asking for trouble. And if something were to happen to you, then poor Drago will be all alone!
Hmpf… following strangers for the sake of someone you just met is folly. You’re disappointed in yourself for just considering it.
>Keep an eye and ear out from the inn, but make sure it's not obvious you're eavesdropping. If you'd be at the inn at that point in time.
You’ll work this evening, so you’ll be there the whole time. Unless they go somewhere private, that is.
>Maybe head towards the nomads that sell their ginger snaps and ask about our masked friend?
They can’t know everyone who buy their snaps, can they? And even if they did know them, those nomads are not very friendly, so they probably won’t tell you anyway. Wait, ginger snaps? As in cookies? No, you’re talking about the liquor. The strong, homebrewed kind… you know, Aquavit and the like.

>Put together what you've observed of that masked person and take a guess at what they are.
Hmm… they are clearly not human… but you’ve never heard about anything artificial being that advance. An elemental maybe? …or an Uredo who’s really got at piloting a suit of armor? Hmm…
>The Fat Lumps on human females are called- actually, ask one what they're called, see what happens.
You’re not that dumb. You know that they are breast and not something you ask about like that.
>Check that the inn's fire-fighting kit is working and that the first-aid is stocked up.
You’re pretty sure you’re always fully stocked in those compartments. Better safe than sorry, after all.

>That’s actually incorrect. Ema wouldn’t really care if it’s a message from a random stranger, but if a name was given and Ema knows that name, then she’d be more inclined to show up at this meeting.
Considering how… different this person was, a description will probably tell her just as much as a name will. You’ll just have to see what she says.
>You can also track down Ema now and tell her so she has more time to either get ready or get gone.
You have no idea at all where she went. She can be anywhere in the city. You’ll just have to hope she comes back to the inn.
>After you get that parogranat fruit for her. Yeah, admit it, you're a little sweet on the lass.
… … …well, you can’t ignore the wishes of your patrons, now can you?
>How about buying a bottle or two of snaps from the Vark nomads to stock the bar with?
You already have snaps, no need to buy more. They aren’t the only one who brew it, after all.

>Well, what kind of women are you interested in? Younger than you? Older than you? Close to your age?
You’d wish for someone your own age, really… but those are usually already married. And older? Anyone older than you is already dead, aren’t they?
>Strong, like that blue Sakkilian, Ema? Plump, like that Varkian bard?
Call it being traditional, but you’ve always liked a large, strong lady who can protect the weaker males. And you mean both strength in character as well as body.
>Speaking of Ema, what do you think about that lass, eh? Strong, young, good looking, and very polite too.
…she is something special, yes… though you still don’t know her very well.
>Surely you must have some experience that someone young would be looking for.
Well… you do have ample experience in pleasing the ladies… and you do have a way with your tongue…
>She might not be looking for something stable, like most young people do, but it might help you to shake the rust.
Hmm… heh… well… nah, she wouldn’t…


Danus is currently buying fruit…
Please choose another person to follow:
Sigh… (Ema) is available.
Bard who only thinks of one thing (Justina) is available.
Reliable kid (Karn) is available.
Less reliable but nicer kid (Oran) is busy.
Lonely old geezer (Danus) is busy.
Perfect son (Drago) is available.

Choose your destiny!
>>
No. 866124 ID: 2d0e9a

Let's go check in on that perfect son. Didn't quite like the situation he was in when we left him.
>>
No. 866130 ID: ffa7ee

I'm gonna say Drago. We may wanna save justina for last, give her as much time as possible if you know what i mean.
>>
No. 866131 ID: f6785d
866131

Danus, you old devil you! You need more confidence. You just wait.

>>866124
I agree, i am really worried about the young lizard boy.
>>
No. 866154 ID: 65a774
File 151820459925.png - (32.89KB , 700x550 , 58.png )
866154

>Danus, you old devil you! You need more confidence. You just wait.
You have enough confidence as it is… what you need is to be younger.

Now, where were you? Oh right, the fruit…


>Let's go check in on that perfect son. Didn't quite like the situation he was in when we left him.
Well… you got the hen without trouble… now, where is that man? You can’t see him down the tunnel… though you weren’t able to see him last time either. Did he leave? You haven’t been gone for that long… or maybe he is just waiting to jump you from the shadows when you get close? You can’t help but feel your tail jerk a bit… something bad is about to happen…

*Bock*Bock*…

You are now Drago the chef.
Current goal: Feed someone a chicken.
>>
No. 866155 ID: cb585b

Watch your fingers or you might lose them!
>>
No. 866165 ID: da1652

>>866154
throw that bird right at the bars. do not get grabbed by the desperate, starving stranger
>>
No. 866168 ID: f6785d

Ok, let's take this easy, we are not in a hurry, are we? Let's wait for the man, and if he doesn't appear in, let`s say 5 minutes, call out for him.
>>
No. 866174 ID: 91ee5f

>>866154
Make sure you don’t get grabbed again!

Try calling out to him. And you better hope he took care of that Lycaenidae Hiemis like he said he would!
>>
No. 866176 ID: 05ff2f

Fully trust in that bad feeling and back up right now well out of grabbing range. That bad vibe might be coming from the surrounding area, so quickly glance around.

Okay, coming back here is feeling like it was a very bad idea and you should have damn well heeded your wise father's warnings. Take the opportunity while you still have it, back up, run off and don't come back here. Be safe for your father's sake, so he doesn't lose his beloved son.

And what the hell are you doing holding the chicken right in your hands to offer it up? You were supposed to get a long pole and heavy string or rope to tie the chicken to the end by the legs to slip it between the bars and place it on the tunnel floor without risking limb nor life. If for some damn fool reason you're gonna go through with giving the guy the chicken, you should at least take off right now and get the stuff to safely offer the chicken up. And if you forgot to bring a lamp to shine into the tunnel to check it, get that as well.

But whatever you do, make sure to keep every part of yourself well out of reach of that grate.
>>
No. 866214 ID: 91ee5f

Suddenly get a weird feeling that your dad somehow knows that you’ve disobeyed him and he somehow knows that you’ve come to this pipe 2 times today and is going to ground you when you get home later!
>>
No. 866219 ID: eb4746

Shake the chicken a little, I'm sure the noise of food will bring him coming.
>>
No. 866266 ID: b1b4f3

>>866154
Wring its neck and toss it in. That's a recent killing, which he said was fine.
>>
No. 866267 ID: 05ff2f

>>866266
He also said alive was better. Also, he may not even be in there right now, meaning he'd likely not get to the chicken while it's a fresh enough kill.
>>
No. 866324 ID: 65a774
File 151826095280.png - (36.84KB , 700x550 , 59.png )
866324

>Okay, coming back here is feeling like it was a very bad idea and you should have damn well heeded your wise father's warnings. Take the opportunity while you still have it, back up, run off and don't come back here.
…you can’t just run off now… you made a promise. And you already got the hen so… um… and you really want that butterfly…
>Suddenly get a weird feeling that your dad somehow knows that you’ve disobeyed him and he somehow knows that you’ve come to this pipe 2 times today and is going to ground you when you get home later!
OH NO! …wait, your dad hasn’t grounded you in years. You’re an adult, after all. No, you’re an adult and you can make your own decisions… even if they are terrible stupid ones like this.

>Make sure you don’t get grabbed again!
You’ll keep your distance this time, don’t you worry.
>Watch your fingers or you might lose them!
…do you really think he’ll be that hungry? It doesn’t sound plausible for someone to be that hungry…

>Try calling out to him.
:DragoFoS: Hello? Mister? Are you there?
:NonFoS: *Hiss*…
>Shake the chicken a little, I'm sure the noise of food will bring him coming.
*Bock?*
:NonFoS: *Slobbering*… f-feed me…

>Throw that bird right at the bars.
You throw the hen against the bars, but before it can even reach them two arms shoots out from the darkness. The chicken managed one last screech as it’s dragged into the shadows and loudly devoured by… something…

It’s clear that whoever is in there doesn’t have any table manners.
>>
No. 866325 ID: 65a774
File 151826096019.png - (37.18KB , 700x550 , 60.png )
866325

:NonFoS: … … …t-thank you… I… I really needed that…
:DragoFoS: Did… did you remember your promise?
:NonFoS: Y-yes, yes… of course. One Lycaenidae coming up… with extra payment…

He pushes a small bottle towards you containing the frost weaver you so desire… and on its lid he have placed a single coin. At first, you about to mention that a hen is worth far more than just one coin, but then you notice it… that coin is made out of pure gold. It’s worth at least ten times as much as you paid for the hen… where… where did he get that? Only nobles have that kind of money on them!?

:NonFoS: I… I apologize for my m-manners earlier but… we aren’t ourselves when we’re hungry, are we?
:DragoFoS: Oh, no need to apologize… so… is there anything else you… um… need?
:NonFoS: … … …my friend… this… this meal you’ve brought me will last me a long time. I’m sure I can ration it for a full week so… if you would return next week then I’ll gladly buy another hen from you?
:DragoFoS: Um… I guess I can do that?
:NonFoS: Oh… and... do… do you want to stay for a bit? It’s so awfully lonely down here and… and I really need someone to talk to…
:DragoFoS: Um…
:NonFoS: T-that collection of yours… t-tell me more about it… d-do you need help finishing it?

>You forgot to bring a lamp to shine into the tunnel to check it
You actually brought a lamp but… something tells you he won’t appreciate you shining light on him. Still… you do want to know what he looks like… so… should you? Should you shine the light down the tunnel?
>>
No. 866337 ID: cc5f4f

Uhm... The color of his hand is different...

Maybe you have some time to kill and have a little chat.
>>
No. 866343 ID: 4854ef

Put the light close, but not too close. Also stay a while, it honestly sounds like he's just desperate for some sort of contact and given the state he's in it's likely he cannot really get it.
>>
No. 866349 ID: 91ee5f

>>866324
>OH NO! …wait, your dad hasn’t grounded you in years. You’re an adult, after all. No, you’re an adult and you can make your own decisions…even if they are terrible stupid ones like this.
Ok, fine, he won’t ground you. But he probably does somehow know about you disobeying him and coming to this pipe 2 times today! He’ll probably punish you by taking away the Lycaenidae Hiemis and setting it free instead of allowing you to add it to your collection!

>>866325
>He pushes a small bottle towards you containing the frost weaver you so desire…and on its lid he have placed a single coin. At first, you about to mention that a hen is worth far more than just one coin, but then you notice it…that coin is made out of pure gold. It’s worth at least ten times as much as you paid for the hen…where…where did he get that? Only nobles have that kind of money on them!?
Your dad is going to want to know where you got that! You better hope he doesn’t think you’re a thief and think you stole it from a noble!

>Stay a chat?
Might as well. You could even tell him about your collection.
>>
No. 866356 ID: eb4746

Trying to spend money that only nobles tend to carry around is a good way to get accused of theft, especially if this is going to be a weekly trend. Might want to let him know that in case he has any smaller denominations.

Stick around but remain cautious. Try to get to know this guy a little better. There's clearly something wrong with him that makes him a danger to society, but he's clearly trying to control it too.
>>
No. 866363 ID: f6785d

Stay and chat. If this person lives here, he might know about interesting things, have some valuable information on what is going on in the city. And let's be honest here, some people here are really fucked up, and people disappearing is no joke either.
>>
No. 866367 ID: b1b4f3

>>866325
Ask him first before you use the lantern.
Also yeah talk to him about bugs. No harm in that!
>>
No. 866422 ID: 094652

>grounded
WHO CARES?! YOU'RE RICH!!!

More chickens! More gold!
>>
No. 866428 ID: 65a774
File 151830752311.png - (43.33KB , 700x550 , 61.png )
866428

>Uhm... The color of his hand is different...
It’s no longer ashen gray, but instead the color it’s supposed to be, green. Did he get better from eating that fast?
>Ok, fine, he won’t ground you. But he probably does somehow know about you disobeying him and coming to this pipe 2 times today!
Your father isn’t a psychic! …well, most of the time, at least…
>Your dad is going to want to know where you got that! You better hope he doesn’t think you’re a thief and think you stole it from a noble!
You’ll just stop by the bank and change it to something less noticeable before heading home, no problem.
>Trying to spend money that only nobles tend to carry around is a good way to get accused of theft, especially if this is going to be a weekly trend.
They’ll probably won’t bat an eye for one lousy coin… but if you come by on a weekly basis they might start to ask questions, yeah…

>Might want to let him know that in case he has any smaller denominations.
:NonFoS: Smaller coin? My apologies, friend, but… that’s the smallest coin I could find.
:DragoFoS: …you have even more valuable coins than a gold one?
:NonFoS: … … …no?
>Ask him first before you use the lantern.
:NonFoS: *Hiss* No… no light… it’s been so long I… I need to take it slow with it…

>You could tell him about your collection.
:NonFoS: Oh? That does sound fascinating… almost like my old collection, before I stopped.
:DragoFoS: Why did you stop?
:NonFoS: Why, I completed it, of course. Caught every bug in this part of the world myself… and as I couldn’t really hunt bugs when I was abroad… well… buying them wasn’t really as fun. So, in the end, I just told myself that my collection was completed.
:DragoFoS: You caught everything? Even a Mantidae Venustus? Coccinellidae Clavis? Even an Odonata Parvulus? I tried to catch one of those all summer this year but I was never even close…
:NonFoS: Yes, yes and… Summer? No, no, the best time to hunt them is in early spring, when they crawl out from the lake. There’s a small lake south of the city, about an hour away. That’s the perfect place to find them in spring. Though, you might need to keep them alive for a few days before their wings fully grows out…
:DragoFoS: Whoa… really? I need to remember that!
:NonFoS: Happy to aid you, my friend. So... how did you catch that-

Drago is currently talking to an insect about insects.
Please choose another person to follow:
Pretty scaled lady (Ema) is available.
The new Bard (Justina) is available.
Handsome hunk (Karn) is available.
Odd smelling snake is busy.
Father (Danus) is busy.
Aspiring innkeeper (Drago) is busy.

Choose your des-

:NonFoS: Oh… and who are you?
:DragoFoS: Um…
:NonFoS: You never gave me your name? Oh… and I never gave you mine, did I? I’m… I think… yes… Al’ucark… my name is Al’ucark… what is your name?

…Choose your destiny?
>>
No. 866433 ID: d887c0

>>866428
NO TRUE NAMES
This is basic shit, dude.
You can give A name, but not YOUR name.
>>
No. 866439 ID: b1b4f3

>>866428
EMA.

Name's fine I think, it's just a zombie not a fae.
>>
No. 866458 ID: 05ff2f

We haven't been Karn yet, so lets be Karn. Hear his thoughts on how things went with Ema and what he thinks of her and also learn some more about him and troubles.

"Al'ucark," eh? Definitely remember this guy's name so you can look for it in the record of nobles at the library.

"Handsome hunk," eh? That he sure is. So, how many times have you wished Karn swung your way and was a bit closer to your age? And how often has he appeared in your dreams of the... intimate kind, his bare scales pressed against yours?

Oh, and make sure you don't lose track of time. You have a shift to work at the inn, after all. ...You also really don't want to be here past dusk, in case Al'ucark's fellow dark dwellers show up.

>but if you come by on a weekly basis they might start to ask questions, yeah…
You'll have the same problem at the bank you change the coin at eventually. Better go around to each bank in the city in turn so by the time you cycle back around nobody remembers you at the first one.
>>
No. 866500 ID: cc5f4f

Say your name is Drag or even just Dra or perhaps Dag. Not your true name but still recognizable as yours.

Karn.
>>
No. 866514 ID: cc5f4f

I just notoced something. Ever since it was mentioned that Kaktus is supposedly dead, the name field bears the name Sutkak... what could this mean!? <chin rub emoji>
>>
No. 866515 ID: 91ee5f

>>866514
IT’S KAKTUS’ EVIL CLONE, SUTKAK!!!!! DX
>>
No. 866516 ID: f6785d

>>866514
OH SHIT

>>866428
First, do you have a surname? Give him that.

Second, let's be the Handsome hunk, let's see the world from his perspective.
>>
No. 866536 ID: 689e8d

>>866515
I for one welcome our new evil clone overlords.

Haven't been Karn yet so lets do that.
>>
No. 866554 ID: cc5f4f

>>866516
No, don't. Your surname is probably a name truer than your first name. There could be a thousand Dragos out there that existed, exists, and will exist, and there will be almost no relation to each other, but your surname is bore by your blood and is basically a cord leading to the heart of the labyrinth. Ģive them a nickname or first name, but surname should be kept at minimal referencing.
>>
No. 866557 ID: 65a774
File 151836014077.png - (44.28KB , 700x550 , 62.png )
866557

>"Handsome hunk," eh? That he sure is. So, how many times have you wished Karn swung your way and was a bit closer to your age?
You’ve always preferred the older ones… the more experienced ones… the one that can take care of you… *sigh* …and you’ve wished upon the star more than once for Karn…
>And how often has he appeared in your dreams of the... intimate kind, his bare scales pressed against yours?
More times than you can count… why, you used to watch him train for hours when you were younger, just to see those muscles flex… mmm… just thinking about him again…
>Oh, and make sure you don't lose track of time. You have a shift to work at the inn, after all.
It’s barely lunch time. You got plenty of time to waste.

>NO TRUE NAMES.
:DragoFoS: Err… my name is… um… Dr… Dag? (Nailed it!)
:NonFoS: Dag? That’s an interesting name… can’t say I’ve ever heard it before.
:DragoFoS: Oh… um… well… m-my father was a bit… imaginative.
:NonFoS: I for one thinks it’s a very beautiful name, Dag. Like they say, “En vaker Dag är den Dag du är med den du älskar”.
:DragoFoS: ...what?
:NonFoS: My apologies, Dag... sometimes my education gets the better of me. Now, you never did finish that tale you had about the-


>Let's be the Handsome hunk, let's see the world from his perspective.
:EmaFoS: And Boom! She is dead!
:KarnFoS: *Sigh*… really?
:EmaFoS: Why, yes. If this was a real person… and my sword wasn’t made out of that… nefarious thing you mentioned…
:KarnFoS: It’s called Nerferium. It’s a kind of metal artificially created by wizards that’s-
:EmaFoS: -as hard and heavy as steel but still feel like a pillow when you hit someone with it. Yes, you’ve already said that… twice. But as I was saying, if it was my real sword, then this dummy’s spine would be broken beyond repair.
:KarnFoS: If it wasn’t a dummy, I’d think they would be smart enough to just step out of the way…
:EmaFoS: Hey, you asked me to show off my skills and I showed you how to kill someone in one blow. Aren’t you happy?
:KarnFoS: *Sigh*…
:EmaFoS: And weren’t we supposed to spar? We’ve warmed up now, haven’t we?
:KarnFoS: Yes, yes, just… give me a moment…

This one is going to require work. She is one of the strongest and fastest people you’ve seen… but her skill… let just say it’s non-existent. Couple that with a headstrong stubbornness that refuses to learn... *sigh* a typical woman, really, to prideful and desperate to be the alpha to see their own faults. No, first thing first, she needs to learn to respect her enemies. She needs to be… humiliated. You’re sure you can beat her without problem in a proper spar, but something tells you that won’t be enough… maybe you can add a bit of extra spice?

…maybe you can make it a bet? The loser must do what the winners says? …you can always humiliate her further that way.
Or maybe you can defeat her without using even a weapon? That would make her question her own overreliance on her own sword.
Or… heh… maybe you can “steal” her belt mid-combat, making her drop those large pants of hers. That, if anything, would humiliate her.
…or you can go for broke and do all three! Make a bet, do it without a weapon and make her drop her pants!
...or just play it safe and just spar… hmm…

:EmaFoS: So… sparring? Come on… I want to fight already! FIGHT! POW! Swish-swosh swishily-swosh!

…is she trying to attack the air?


You are now Karn the Weapon master.
Current goals:
Get officially recognize as a weapon master by the guild.
Take care of yours mothers training hall.
…find mom.
Be annoyed when that bitch comes back and argh, you hate her so much you’ll-
PUNCH HER FUCKING BEAK INTO HER SKULL AND SNAP HER NECK AND-
Find a lady that respects you for who you are and doesn’t see you just as a trophy to be won.
Spar with Ema.
>>
No. 866563 ID: ad51b8

could make the bet that for every loss the loser has to forfeit a piece of their clothing buuuuuut that might be awkward if someone walks in during the spar.

but yeah, no weapon and belt would probably be enough to let her know how much more she has to learn. Also make sure to casually ask about where she learned how to fight and how much actual experience she has fighting while you spar to further drive home the fact that you're not really trying you're just that good.
>>
No. 866565 ID: 689e8d

I don't think you need to humiliate her, she dosen't seem prideful just arrogant and over eager.
She dosen't need to be brought down she just needs to be shown that what she THINKS she knows about combat is wrong, you cannot fill a cup that is full sort of deal.
So first we need to find a way to get her to actually listen to you. Maybe just demonstrate by winning with no weapon?
>>
No. 866566 ID: 4854ef

Do all three. It would set up how important skill can be over strength and speed alone given that if you defeat her without a single weapon in hand, while causing her to remember the loss due to the punishments caused.

Also.. She almost seems to treat fighting like it's mostly just for fun, be a bit cautious, those can end up pretty bloodthirsty if they don't temper it correctly.
>>
No. 866569 ID: eb4746

The bird called her a hero, but she's probably only dealt with bandits and thugs where her strength and speed were enough to get by, so it makes sense she'd get a big head taking down bullies whos skills are lacking.

Don't remove her belt. The last thing you probably want to hear is, "If you wanted to get my pants off you only needed to ask."

I'd say go without a weapon while calmly pointing out her mistakes. She'll either get frustrated, act more reckless, and wind up losing worse or start taking your advice and put you in a tough spot. Either way, she'll see the problems with the way she fights.
>>
No. 866572 ID: f6785d

En vaker Dag är den Dag du är med den du älskar
That is foreshadowing, but sounds beautiful.

She needs discipline. She has made the mistake of overestimating her enemy before. Go hard on her, make her understand that this is no game. Ask her why is she interested in swordfighting, what are her motives are.
Think about it: you said that she doesn't have the skill, but is very willing. She came out of nowhere, armed with two swords. Why would someone be armed like that and they don't know how to use their wepons? Make her reflect on her motives. Some times, the right words can meke the most hardheaded person understand.
>>
No. 866579 ID: 91ee5f

>>866557
But she’s not prideful, she’s just eager to spar with you, the master of a dojo. She wants to test herself against you so that she can learn how to improve.

>…maybe you can make it a bet? The loser must do what the winners says? …you can always humiliate her further that way.
Isn’t that something that you should only do to people that you’re good friends with? You barley know this lady, so it would be a little weird to do that to her.

>Or maybe you can defeat her without using even a weapon? That would make her question her own overreliance on her own sword.
That sounds like the best thing you could do.

>Or…heh…maybe you can “steal” her belt mid-combat, making her drop those large pants of hers. That, if anything, would humiliate her.
The only thing that’ll do is make her say something like, “If you wanted to get into my pants, all you needed to do was ask.”

You don’t want that, do you?

>…is she trying to attack the air?
No, she’s waiting on you to start, so she’s taking a few practice swings with the weapon you gave her.
>>
No. 866580 ID: 91ee5f

>>866579
>Be annoyed when that bitch comes back and argh, you hate her so much you’ll-
>PUNCH HER FUCKING BEAK INTO HER SKULL AND SNAP HER NECK AND-
Also, jeez, why do you want to do that to the bard from the inn last night?! She wasn’t that annoying, was she?!
>>
No. 866583 ID: b1b4f3

>>866557
Have you tried just telling her that she's not as skilled as she thinks she is? If she doesn't believe you, make a wager. There's no need to make it anything big, just do the first bet.
If you steal her belt that'll mean she'll start hitting on you, because you obviously want to get a better look at her ass.
>>
No. 866586 ID: 91ee5f

>>866557
Actually, if you’re having that much trouble with women, then maybe you should try looking for a man?

For example, how about the innkeeper’s son? He’s kinda cute.
>>
No. 866601 ID: cb585b

All three, although... Why stop at pants, why not "Strip Sparring"?
>>
No. 866606 ID: a633c6

Just spar. She's eager, not stupid, she'll know when she needs to learn.
>>
No. 866612 ID: 05ff2f

You best take care to watch for your own mental flaws as well as in others and counter them. Like now, your history of ladies dismissing, belittling and being inconsiderate of you because you're a guy is showing through here. It seems somewhat more like you want to humiliate this brash gal and knock her down several pegs for your own reasons than to help open her eyes to just how badly lacking in skill she is. And you also know that humiliation more often breeds anger and resentment in the prideful than introspection and self-change. Show her how lacking in skill she is, but without added humiliation on your part, and keep doing so until she gets it.

Defeat her without even using a weapon. This will handily show how woefully lacking in skill she is without being overly humiliating.

Why haven't you been officially recognized as a weapon master? You got the skill and knowledge and then some, right? It's 'cause you're a guy, isn't it? There any way you can get the guild to relent? Do some grand show of prowess that none can deny? Save a noble's life and use their favor to force the guild to give in?

What happened to your mother? Did she vanish in the night like the others have these past ten years? Or was it some other nefariousness that took her away?

And it surely isn't Justina you're holding back violent thoughts about. She was just acting in a way you're all too used too, just amped up by her being a stereotypical promiscuous bard. That's not enough to wish bodily harm upon, at least after just one evening. So what gal is it that you hold so much hatred for and why?

And as to taking care of your mother's training hall, you should think about having shutters installed on the windows, hinged at the top edge. Lower and lock those at night so the vandals can't keep throwing stones through the panes.

My guess as to why Ema isn't showing the skill of all those previous lives is that she isn't wielding the Swords of Justice, or at least carrying them with her. Right now she's just got the neophyte swordsmanship skills of a smith's daughter.
>>
No. 866669 ID: 65a774
File 151839642228.png - (40.09KB , 700x550 , 63.png )
866669

>You best take care to watch for your own mental flaws as well as in others and counter them.
Indeed, you’re getting a bit overconfident yourself. Even with her lack of skill, you shouldn’t assume you will automatically win. Never underestimate your enemy, after all.
>It seems somewhat more like you want to humiliate this brash gal and knock her down several pegs for your own reasons than to help open her eyes to just how badly lacking in skill she is.
…you admit it that you take… ah… a lot of pleasure seeing a gal get her pride shattered a bit.
>She almost seems to treat fighting like it's mostly just for fun, be a bit cautious; those can end up pretty bloodthirsty if they don't temper it correctly.
She is clearly not respecting the severity of battle. The battlefield holds only death, not fun. She needs to be thought that very important lesson as soon as possible.
>The bird called her a hero, but she's probably only dealt with bandits and thugs where her strength and speed were enough to get by, so it makes sense she'd get a big head taking down bullies who’s skills are lacking.
Which might explain her eagerness to battle? She has never faced death itself before.
>Have you tried just telling her that she's not as skilled as she thinks she is?
You have told her that her technique is very lacking, but she insist that her “one hit kill” is the ultimate move. If she tries it on you you’ll make sure to prove otherwise.

>Ask her why she is interested in swordfighting, what are her motives are.
:EmaFoS: I want to bring justice to the world by killing bad guys!
:KarnFoS: Justice? That sounds more like revenge.
:EmaFoS: Well… err… and protect the innocent?
:KarnFoS: …so far I’ve only seen your technique attack and not protect.
:EmaFoS: Um… well… I protect by attacking bad guys?
>Make a wager.
:EmaFoS: A wager?
:KarnFoS: A simple one. The first one to knock the other down wins. Winner gets the loser. Deal?
:EmaFoS: Only knocking down? Not “killing” the other?
:KarnFoS: A fight isn’t determined by whom kills whom, but by whom makes the other unable to fight first. Death is only one way to achieve that goal.
:EmaFoS: If you say so… but… winner gets the loser, eh? Hmm…

You’re not expecting her to actually agree to those terms, as they are so broad that they could mean anything. You are after all not expecting to really do anything with your win. But you appear to have misjudged her pride… or her desire to “get you”. As her eyes light up and she licks her jaw, you can help but feel a sudden fear in your whole body. Just for a moment, every part of your body screams for you to run, to flee, as if you’re a small rabbilope looking down the throat of a starving wolfhound. It only last for a single moment, but your still a bit shaken as she speaks up with a large grin.
:EmaFoS: I accept your wager. Winner gets the loser.

>Go hard on her, make her understand that this is no game.
:KarnFoS: Then let us begin. Attack me when you are ready.
:EmaFoS: Wait, aren’t you going to grab a sword or something?
:KarnFoS: …oh, I don’t think I will need that for someone like you.
:EmaFoS: …I’m going to make you eat those words.
>>
No. 866670 ID: 65a774
File 151839643322.png - (53.99KB , 700x550 , 64.png )
866670

Just as you expected, she goes for the same technique she repeatedly used against the training dummy. By using both her hands to wield her sword, she sprints towards her target before leaping with all her power focused into the blade while aiming it at my head. Of course, by the time she leaves the ground, you’ve already stepped aside. You can see as she realize that she will miss her target and how she tries in vain to correct her mistake, but with all that force behind her attack it’s impossible for her to properly stop herself.

>What happened to your mother?
She just packed up her stuff, told you she needed to find herself again then left and never came back. You have no idea where she is anymore.
>As to taking care of your mother's training hall, you should think about having shutters installed on the windows, hinged at the top edge.
You know… you never actually thought about that. That’s a great idea!
>Actually, if you’re having that much trouble with women, then maybe you should try looking for a man?
Because you’re not into men. You are attracted to feminine women and nothing else.
>For example, how about the innkeeper’s son? He’s kinda cute.
Cute? Even if you were into men he would be far to masculine for your taste. No, you don’t want anyone meek and shy. You want someone that is strong, brave and honorable. Someone that protects the weak but is still humble about their strength. You know, someone feminine. Of course… those pants Drago sometimes wears and that firm butt of his…

:DragoFoS: Why, it’s like I’m wearing nothing at all! Nothing at all! NOTHING AT ALL!
:KarnFoS: Gah, stupid sexy Drago…

>Don't remove her belt. The last thing you probably want to hear is, "If you wanted to get my pants off you only needed to ask."
At the last second, you decide to not pull off her belt. Instead, as she stumble with her landing next to you, you use her own momentum to continue her journey and throw her towards the ground. She barely has time to react as she hits the floor with a confused look plastered over her snout.
>>
No. 866671 ID: 65a774
File 151839644318.png - (25.70KB , 700x550 , 65.png )
866671

>Jeez, why do you want to do that to the bard from the inn last night?! She wasn’t that annoying, was she?!
Huh? Who? What bard? Oh, right, the big one. You barely remember who it is, why would you to do anything to her?
>So what gal is it that you hold so much hatred for and why?
…you don’t want to think about her… not now. She’s the most vile, vicious viper you’ve ever met… ugh, you hate her so much…
>Why haven't you been officially recognized as a weapon master? You got the skill and knowledge and then some, right? It's 'cause you're a guy, isn't it?
They’ve always been against you because you’re… different. Even worse, when you finally convinced most of them to vote for you she… she intervened and put a stop to it. She can’t ever see you happy, after all.

You look over to your sparring partner lying splayed on the floor. At first she looks around in confusion, as if she still hasn’t fully grasped that she lost… but then, as it finally dawns on her, her whole body is consumed by utter defeat. You almost feel bad beating her so quickly now.

>Calmly point out her mistakes.
:KarnFoS: Do you know why you lost?
:NonFoS: Because you threw me to the ground like I was nothing?
:KarnFoS: Oh? I have to disagree. You lost because you were unable to conquer yourself.
:NonFoS: …what? What does that even mean?
:KarnFoS: It may have looked like we were fighting each other, but we were in fact fighting ourselves. You lost because the move you made, not because the one I did.
:NonFoS: …my lunge?
:KarnFoS: Powerful… but predictable and unruly. The greatest asset of a warrior is adaptability, unpredictability and habit. You never changed how you fought, thus I was easily able to overcome it.
:NonFoS: … … …ugh, fine, I admit, my technique wasn’t flawless… but it’s not like that matters now.
:KarnFoS: Hmm? Why not?
:NonFoS: You won. So come and claim your prize already. You won me, so how do you want me? Legs or head first?
:KarnFoS: …err… what?
:NonFoS: Wait, do you want me to strip first? I know how clothes can get in the way so…?

… … …what is she talking about? Is she… trying to make some kind of sex joke or… is she just bad with the sex talk and are expecting you to… um…? Maybe she’s just trying to confuse you… because it’s working.
>>
No. 866684 ID: ad51b8

she's referring to the wager. Just give her a look of disappointment for a second and ask if you really look like the type of guy who would actually stoop so low? The wording was Winner gets the loser. You won, so say she is now your student if she is actually serious about protecting others. She has a LOT of potential but lacks the skill, experience, and discipline.

Besides, maybe having a pupil might give you something to focus on in your more listless days.
>>
No. 866689 ID: d887c0

>>866671
"What? No. Look, just... get up and try again. Okay? Try and mix it up a little this time."
>>
No. 866694 ID: a633c6

Are you for real? You have her agree to the vaguest possible terms and now act oh so confused over her interpretation?

Say you didn't have anything so visceral in mind, this is just a sparring match.
>>
No. 866703 ID: 91ee5f

>>866670
>You want someone that is strong, brave and honorable. Someone that protects the weak but is still humble about their strength.
You just described yourself!

>You know, someone feminine.
Which means you would be perfect to wrap Drago up in your strong feminine arms and hold him tight to your strong feminine chest!

>Of course…those pants Drago sometimes wears and that firm butt of his…
>Gah, stupid sexy Drago…
You’re even thinking about him right now! Come on, you’re at least a little curious, aren’t you?

>>866671
>………what is she talking about? Is she…trying to make some kind of sex joke or…is she just bad with the sex talk and are expecting you to…um…? Maybe she’s just trying to confuse you…because it’s working.
You’ve got nobody but yourself to blame for that! You worded the win conditions to sound like the winner gets to sex the loser!

You’d better quickly clear up the confusion before she starts taking off her clothes!
>>
No. 866726 ID: b1b4f3

>>866670
Looks like Ema really has no idea what she's doing, at least when we're not assisting her.

>>866671
Dammit Karn don't make vague bets, you're just going to get confused responses both from victory or defeat.
Tell her to get up and cluck like a chicken. Then you can go another round of sparring, get her to show you some more basic attacks. Nothing special, start from the beginning like you're training a novice.
>>
No. 866729 ID: f6785d

Uhg, you have to admit, you have a problem with women. You don't act like the usual male. You act like a woman, with character, but without the possessiveness. What about your father? Did you knew him?
It seems that your mother left a heavier impresion on you than your father. I mean, for what i can see, men don't take arms, women do. And you don't act as submissive as the other males, is like you are more asertive, too. But you also seem to have somthing to fear from women as well. You see where i am going with this?
>>
No. 866777 ID: 689e8d

>I know how clothes can get in the way so
Is she a virgin? Nooooo that can't be possible! How has she never gotten any!?
I get that feeling that she doesn't have very much life experience.
But how does someone who knows so little of the world and combat end up with nothing to her name killing bandits in the woods with two high quality swords?

Anyway your in charge now and she has to do what you tell her so tell her to get up and listen to you. She's not getting what she wants that easily.
>>
No. 866799 ID: 35089a

make her reveal herself as the undead abomination she is
>>
No. 866802 ID: 05ff2f

Did she somehow manage to hit her head hard enough on the landing so she's getting some things confused? And did her vocal tone change too? She should rest for a bit in case she got her bell... well, not fully rung but more like dinged. Tell her to keep her clothes on and ask her to lay down on the mat and if her head hurts.

With the way you worded the wager, it seems fairly likely Ema interpreted it as sexual in nature. If that's the case, then her agreeing to it means she has the hots for you and figured she had a easy win to get to ride you. A shame if that was it, since you kinda hoped a lovely, strong gal such as her wouldn't be like so many previous ladies who wanted to get into your pants. Ah, but you're assuming her intentions and you shouldn't do that. You don't know what her thoughts were.

...Though, the way she looked at you when she took the bet, licking her chops and rubbing her stomach... It leaves you with a small, lingering feeling in the depths of your mind her desires may not have been just sexual in nature. Was she just trying to unnerve you? It had to be, right? Right...

Tell her you should have been clearer about what the wager actually was and that you wouldn't make a bet that would take advantage of her like this. You were thinking more along the lines of the loser doing work for the winner or some other thing in line with the value of losing at sparring. Nothing too out there, y'know. ...Maybe you could get her to install shutters on your windows, or at least wash the graffiti off.

Ask her what she means by "legs or head first?" You think it might be some back country saying for choosing whether to do vaginal or oral sex from where she grew up. And the way she said "not like that matters now" with such finality, does she feel she can't continue as a student under you after such humiliation?

...You feel it'd be taking advantage, but the idea of using your win to order her to go naked while sparring with you crosses your mind anyway. You could even consider it a handicap for you 'cause you'll be distracted by the sexy. ...Dammit, when was the last time you got laid? Too long ago, if such thoughts as this are creeping in. Having tough standards in who your partners are is a real burden to bear, isn't it?

It's getting to the point you're starting to think you'll need to leave Occidavia to find a lady who'd respect you. Maybe one living in a patriarchal society who has the traits you desire. There they'd be considered quite unwomanly, so she'd have gone through a similar experience to what you've lived through your whole life. You can only hope you don't end up having to leave your homeland and you can find someone here who'll love you for who you are.

>Of course… those pants Drago sometimes wears and that firm butt of his…
This just says you appreciate a fine ass no matter who it's attached to. And aren't Sakkilians all about the booty anyway? So this isn't that odd, right?

>Even worse, when you finally convinced most of them to vote for you she… she intervened and put a stop to it.
The head of the guild, right? Why would she take a extra special interest in your suffering? Is it because she has a grudge against your mother she's taking out on you, or is it something you did to her? Y'know, other than the audacity of being a man with martial prowess and a personality that isn't that of a shy doormat.
>>
No. 866863 ID: 9c7d17

"What were you planning to do to me if you had won?"
>>
No. 866899 ID: 65a774
File 151845502707.png - (42.44KB , 700x550 , 66.png )
866899

Art / text error: That’s supposed to be Ema’s character portrait and not a “?” one. That’s what I get for rushing an update right before bed…

>You just described yourself!
Well, then it just means that you’re looking for an equal, don’t you? Birds of a feather and all that.
>Which means you would be perfect to wrap Drago up in your strong feminine arms and hold him tight to your strong feminine chest!
For the last time, brain, you’re not into men. You want a strong lady to wrap her arms around you to hold you tight against her chest, not the other way around.
>You’re even thinking about him right now! Come on, you’re at least a little curious, aren’t you?
No, you’re not. You’re not interested in men. You’re not curious about how it would be and you definitely don’t want someone strong to bend you over and turn you into a proper lady.
>This just says you appreciate a fine ass no matter who it's attached to. And aren't Sakkilians all about the booty anyway?
Yeah, that’s right. That’s all what it is. You just like well-shaped butts… like Ema’s here… muscular yet firm…

>Uhg, you have to admit, you have a problem with women. You don't act like the usual male.
Correction, you have problem with certain kinds of woman, mostly because they have problems with you not acting masculine.
>What about your father? Did you knew him?
You never knew who your father was. He was probably just some waiter in some inn somewhere.
>It seems that your mother left a heavier impression on you than your father. And you don't act as submissive as the other males, is like you are more assertive, too. But you also seem to have something to fear from women as well. You see where I am going with this?
...are you implying that... you actually want to be a woman? No, you want to be a man… just one that act a bit like a woman at times…


>Are you for real? You have her agree to the vaguest possible terms and now act oh so confused over her interpretation?
While you were ready for her to go for the more sexual favors, you just weren’t expecting the way she worded it… you mean, “Legs or head first”? What does that even mean? …Oral or… a claw job? You’ve never heard that expression before.
>A shame if that was it, since you kinda hoped a lovely, strong gal such as her wouldn't be like so many previous ladies who wanted to get into your pants.
You’re fine with her finding you attractive. What you’re not fine with is if that’s the only thing they see in you. Too many see you as just a toy to discard or a challenge to conquer and nothing more.
>Is she a virgin?
…that would explain her comment. She simply doesn’t know what she’s talking about… and it would also explain why she was so eager to win, she’s desperate to get laid.

>...You feel it'd be taking advantage, but the idea of using your win to order her to go naked while sparring with you crosses your mind anyway. You could even consider it a handicap for you 'cause you'll be distracted by the sexy.
While the idea has crossed your mind it’s not something you will do. No, the bet was more for the sake of making her squirm a bit after losing and not actually for the bet itself.
>Dammit, when was the last time you got laid?
…four days ago? You’re surrounded by ladies that desire you, of course you’ll find someone that you can actually lay with. You’re not like Oran who never gets anything; you just can’t find anyone that want to form a meaningful relationship with you. Wait, actually, have Oran ever gotten anything? Maybe you should help him with that later… hmm…
>Though, the way she looked at you when she took the bet, licking her chops and rubbing her stomach...
Her eyes… there was something else there… a hunger... even if she is a pent up virgin; you wouldn’t think she was that desperate to get laid.

>Just give her a look of disappointment for a second and ask if you really look like the type of guy who would actually stoop so low?
:EmaFoS: …wait, why is it low? Everyone does it? Even the animals-
:KarnFoS: I thought you were better than an animal at controlling your most basic instincts, Ema.
:EmaFoS: I mean… um… s-sorry?
>Ask her what she means by "legs or head first?"
:EmaFoS: Well… you have to start at one end, don’t you? I don’t think you’ll get it all inside if you start in the middle so…
:KarnFoS: …you know, I’m still not sure what you mean by that, but digging further seems like a bad idea.
>What were you planning to do to me if you had won?
:EmaFoS: Why, enjoy you while you go down into my-
:KarnFoS: You know what, forget I asked. Ema, please, can you refrain from doing or mentioning that again in the training hall, alright?
:EmaFoS: Huh? But… geez, you don’t need to give me that look… fine, no more of that… but you still have your victory to take?
:KarnFoS: I’ll take my victory later. Now, get up and get ready. I’m going to grab a sword and you’ll try again, but this time I want you to try a different angle.
:EmaFoS: Um… okay…

Karn is currently training Ema…
Please don’t choose another person to follow:
Odd blue lady (Ema) is available.
Lustful bard (Justina) is busy.
Soon to be weapon master (Karn) is busy.
Best friend (Oran) is busy.
Reliable old man (Danus) is busy.
Stammering kid (Drago) is busy.

Your fate has already been chosen.
>>
No. 866900 ID: 65a774
File 151845503890.png - (24.00KB , 700x550 , 67.png )
866900

>Be Ema.
Once again, he easily throws you to the ground…

:KarnFoS: Power is not everything. If you cannot hit your target, power is useless.

No matter how hard you try to hit him…

:KarnFoS: Do not see your sword like a tool. Your sword is part of you just like your arm or leg is… use it a such.

Hmm… then maybe you shouldn’t hit him that hard?

:KarnFoS: Try to start your swing midway from where you do it now. The only thing you are doing by pulling back that long to swing is to show the enemy exactly what you’re doing. You are using a sword, not a mace… it doesn’t need power, it needs precision. The sharpness of the blade will do the rest.

You try your best to follow Karn’s advice... and you think you’re getting better. At least, you’re not finding yourself on the floor as often. Though, watching that muscular piece of meat in action is getting you hungry again…

:KarnFoS: Do I look unconquerable to you? Then watch your own defeat. Put it to memory… and learn from it. Each downfall will make you better… until you can conquer even me. Ask yourself why I’m winning, not how… than look to yourself for change, not to me.

Dammit, if you’d just won that spar, then Karn would have been in your tummy already… now you just have to sit around and wait for him to decide to eat you instead, like that wager entailed. Hmm… maybe you can go and down Justina while you wait? You don’t think Karn will mind that you’re more energy rich, would he?

:KarnFoS: (Ema… don’t let your hunger control you…)
:EmaFoS: (Huh? Karn? Wait, you’re not Karn?)
:SwordFoS: (Master your hunger, but do not let it master you in turn.)
:EmaFoS: (Hey, I’m just a bit peckish, alright?)
:SwordFoS: (And yet the world you see is tainted by it, so much that you believe that it is the normal way of things.)
:EmaFoS: (Ugh… shut up swords… I’m just hungry, that’s all…)

You are now Ema, Warrior of JUSTICE! the undead abomination!
Current goals:
Bring justice to those that you loved.
Protect the innocent.
Eat someone.
Eat more people…
CONSUME THEM ALL!
>>
No. 866901 ID: b3efe6

Alright, that's enough. Tell Karn you're getting distracted and need a break. You need a breather to quell that hunger young lady lest you forget why you're even doing this, and no it's not to fill your stomach.
>>
No. 866910 ID: 6494e4

>>866901
This.
You're not you when you're hungry, Ema.
>>
No. 866921 ID: b1b4f3

>>866900
Ema are you a complete dunce? Don't talk about eating people unless you're ready to kill anyone that may have heard it! You have much better people to eat in this city than Karn, and you obviously need his help training. You dumbass.

Take a break. Go to the bathroom and try to relax, think about something else. Like Danus maybe. What would he think of your behavior? If his smell is unappetizing maybe if you think about it the hunger will subside enough for you to focus again?
>>
No. 866930 ID: a633c6

You're the only one who's an undead cannibal you big blue idiot, you're blowing your cover.
...Why would you be so willing to get ate anyway?
>>
No. 866931 ID: cb585b

Yeah, i think we need to go find some corrupt nobody to eat before Ema eats someone that isnt bad.
>>
No. 866934 ID: 9c7d17

Perhaps its time to make it clear.
You are not a Sakkilian!
You may be shaped like one (sometimes), but anything you eat disappears into nothingness, you sustain yourself on the souls of the wicked, your heartbeat, your breathing, your bloodflow are all fake and voices in your head are telling you to kill everyone you meet!
Karn is nothing like you!
You're nothing like Karn!
You're all alone.
>>
No. 866935 ID: b15da4

Go meat Justina. Plenty of sin and sinew on those bones.
>>
No. 866936 ID: f6785d

You have to STOP, Ema. You are going out of control. You can't be the reincarnation of justice if you go and eat everything! Your mission is to punish evil. Not revenge, and especially NOT going around eating everyone. You are not a beast, you are Justice! Start acting like it! Otherwise, you will become the very thing you seak to destroy.
Tell Karn that you need to stop a little. Take a breather, meditate, try to regain yourself.
>>
No. 866938 ID: 91ee5f

>>866900
>Dammit, if you’d just won that spar, then Karn would have been in your tummy already…
Ema, use your head and think! Karn isn’t like you, he can’t eat people like you can, so that means that the bet he made had nothing to do with eating someone!

And now that you’ve said that stuff about “head or feet first”, he thinks you’re a virgin and you’re so desperate to get laid that you’re just randomly saying things that might sound sexy! You just made yourself look like an idiot!

>(Ugh…shut up swords…I’m just hungry, that’s all…)
No, you shut up and listen to your swords, you dense blue idiot!

Don’t become a monster like those bastards that killed everyone in your village! You’re better than them, so don’t start killing everyone like they did!

And for fuck’s sake, stop looking at everyone as food!
>>
No. 866952 ID: 05ff2f

No, you damn well listen to those blades! You heed their advice and warning. Do so because they know exactly what befell all those bound to them that were consumed by this hunger, and no doubt it is a terrible fate. A fate of losing themselves, of becoming naught but a mindless monster driven by hunger. And the blades know how those who did not succumb, who did not become monsters, did so. How they mastered the hunger, wielded it with care and precision and, above all, as little as possible to protect the innocent and less guilty by removing the wicked that threatened them. To enact the will of Justice and be loved and lauded, to maybe even be sainted, for it. To know the warmth of companionship and lovers once again. For otherwise you shall fall into the cold shadows and become naught but a beast driven solely by instinct, who knows nothing more. A monster to be hunted down and killed to protect the innocent.

Also, your thoughts were and are so suffused with hunger that you forgot that Karn is not like you. That he can't eat a person whole and that he doesn't sustain himself on the souls of the wicked. Your hunger fogged your mind and warped your interpretation of the wager into what you desired it to be, that of food for you. It made you forget who you are and what you knew. That is what makes the hunger insidious and why you must master it and so carefully manage it. And because of that, you came within a hair's width of blowing your cover. Now he thinks you're some virgin with strange ideas of sex acts and what's sexy.

Think of restraining your hunger as holding it back in favor of finding a much better and filling meal that would be in the service to Justice and which you will not regret after eating it. As a analogy, don't keep eating the bland breadsticks that will leave you feeling hungry in twenty minutes when you can hold back awhile and get a whole, flavorful roast ankwark with all the trimmings and no regrets after you ate it.

Now, you need some time to get your wits together, refocused on your true purpose of Justice and to formulate a plan to that purpose. It's around lunchtime or some time after, isn't it? That'll be a good excuse to leave for now. Tell Karn that you're getting hungry and you're going to take off for lunch. Also add that you have some other things you wanted and needed to do today, so you don't know if you'll be able to get back to train some more before curfew.

Once out of the training hall, you need to think on what options you have that will protect the innocent while also sating your hunger enough that you don't lose yourself. Picking the most guilty, the most wicked, first should always be your default and common choice, with those that immediately threaten the pure and innocent a higher priority. Those at or greater in unrepentant guilt as Gev the highwayman would do for now as a baseline.

The gate guard you smelled on the way into the city would fit the bill. They undoubtedly have abused their position and created injustices many times. But then the question becomes how to take down that guard without leaving witnesses or the entire city guard hunting you down. That's a tough one to answer. You know you shouldn't be Ema while doing it, since that's your "walking around" form. That leaves Gev's form, which you need clothes for, and for that you need money. ...Or maybe you can go buck naked, run up from behind and slap the wicked guard upside the head before running into a dark, unoccupied alley with them in pursuit and ambush 'em there. Rather risky as someone could spot you, and if you can't effectively paralyze them it'll turn ugly fast. You need to walk and think some more on this. Maybe a easier opportunity will present itself as you walk about the inn's neighborhood.

Longer term, you should hang around the pure and innocent and the not-so-innocent to find out if there are any particularly guilty persons you can protect them from. Start with protecting Drago and Danus and those around them they care for. But even longer term go beyond those who immediately threaten and hurt those less guilty than themselves, to those that build and perpetuate the unjust systems and structures in which the pure and innocent must tarnish and corrode themselves just to survive. The nobles, the wicked priests, the greedy financiers. All those that benefit the most from injustice and misery shall be brought to Justice by your hand.
>>
No. 867002 ID: ad51b8

>Ugh… shut up… I’m just hungry, that’s all…
I wonder if that's what those masked people thought as they butchered your village? Cause you're starting to look a bit like them right now.
>>
No. 867107 ID: 65a774
File 151853482058.png - (38.62KB , 700x550 , 68.png )
867107

>I wonder if that's what those masked people thought as they butchered your village? Cause you're starting to look a bit like them right now.
WHAT!? NO! You’re nothing like them! You’re… y-you’re… Justice… protector… e-eater of everyone? Oh sod…
>You have to STOP, Ema. You are going out of control. You are not a beast, you are Justice! Start acting like it! Otherwise, you will become the very thing you seak to destroy.
… … …y-you’re right… you’re… you’re becoming a beast… y-you need to focus… y-you can’t just…
>Think about something else. Like Danus maybe.
Danus… Drago… their smell… so sweet yet… yet… you can feel your hunger grow weaker as their smell fills your snout. Their innocent keeps the hunger away... their purity keeps it at bay...

>Alright, that's enough. Tell Karn you're getting distracted and need a break.
:KarnFoS: A break? Actually, I was about to suggest that we quit for now. We were supposed to just spar for a bit after all and I got actually paying students coming soon.
:EmaFoS: Paying students?
:KarnFoS: This is a training hall, Ema, I have to make money somehow. Which reminds me… just think of this training session as a free sample, because of you want to continue your training then you’ll actually need to pay like the others.
:EmaFoS: Pay!?
:KarnFoS: I can’t give a free lessons to everyone I meet, now can I?
:EmaFoS: Y-yeah, you’re right… sorry for freeloading on you.
:KarnFoS: Hey, I’m the one who asked you to come here to spar. Though, I have to admit I’m a bit disappointed that you were unable to give me something memorable. Something I could learn from, that would make me better.
:EmaFoS: S-sorry…
:KarnFoS: Don’t be. You still have untapped potential, Ema… you just need to learn how to use it.


>Your thoughts were and are so suffused with hunger that you forgot that Karn is not like you. That he can't eat a person whole and that he doesn't sustain himself on the souls of the wicked.
Then he simply has to eat you piece by piece! The bet was for who eats who, and as a being of Justice you can’t break your word!
>...Why would you be so willing to get ate anyway?
Because… because… that’s… that’s how the world is… it’s… normal? You eat… or are eaten… and… and… no… gah! This is wrong!? Why do you accept being eaten as normal!? The hunger! Your hunger! It’s… it’s twisting your very understanding of the world to make you eat more! It wants you to believe eating others is the norm… that everyone is doing it, so that you won’t hesitate to do it yourself! It’s manipulating you!
>That is what makes the hunger insidious and why you must master it and so carefully manage it.
You can’t let it take control of you like that again! You must fight it!
>stop looking at everyone as food!
But they are food… they are like delicious steaks walking around on two legs, shaking their tasty… succulent… meaty… nnnno… they aren’t food… not all of them. Only some of them.
>Now that you’ve said that stuff about “head or feet first”, he thinks you’re a virgin and you’re so desperate to get laid that you’re just randomly saying things that might sound sexy! You just made yourself look like an idiot!
Err… y-yeah… its n-not like… um… you are a virgin that h-have no idea what’s actually s-sexy or anything… heh…hahah… hah?

>I think we need to go find some corrupt nobody to eat before Ema eats someone that isnt bad.
But… but where do you find evil people? It’s not like they have a guild of evil or something… do they?
>You have much better people to eat in this city than Karn, and you obviously need his help training.
R-right… Karn if off the menu… for now…
>Go meat Justina. Plenty of sin and sinew on those bones.
But Justina on the other hand… she’s of no direct use to you, is she?

>Don't keep eating the bland breadsticks that will leave you feeling hungry in twenty minutes when you can hold back awhile and get a whole, flavorful roast ankwark with all the trimmings and no regrets after you ate it.
…you’re right! Justina is emergency meat for a reason! If you can’t find someone else more deserving to eat before tonight though… well, you’ll just have to put her in your tummy where she belongs…
>The gate guard you smelled on the way into the city would fit the bill.
He did smell delicious, didn’t he… but a guard? It might be difficult to make one of them disappear… and you have no idea where he is. Will he even be at the same place as yesterday?
>You should hang around the pure and innocent and the not-so-innocent to find out if there are any particularly guilty persons you can protect them from. Start with protecting Drago and Danus and those around them they care for.
…you don’t think neither Drago or Danus would ever wish for someone else to be… taken care off. But… Karn, Oran and Justina on the other hand… they aren’t pure… they might need your help. You bet they have some evil soul tormenting them that you can take care of! But how do you get them to tell you whom they want gone? You can’t just ask them, can you?

>No, you shut up and listen to your swords, you dense blue idiot!
:SwordFoS: (Find other ways to sate your hunger. There is more than one way to find life essence.)
:EmaFoS: (Like… from animals?)
:SwordFoS: (Plants and animals do not have the capability to choose good or evil, thus Justice does not exist for them. You need the life essence of people.)
:EmaFoS: (…so, what? You want me to drink their blood or something?)
:SwordFoS: (Blood does contain the essence of life, among other things. But there might be… easier way to consume their essence without feeding on them completely.)

>You are not a Sakkilian! Karn is nothing like you! You're nothing like Karn! You're all alone.
Huh? Where did… but… you’re Ema, the Sakkilian daughter of… of… you’re Ema… an undead… you’re not… you’re… not… you’re… alone…
>What would Danus think of your behavior? Or anyone else for that matter.
… … …you’re a monster. You’re nothing but a beast… by the gods, they… they would burn you….and… you’re nothing but a monster… you aren’t Justice… you’re… alone… forever…

:KarnFoS: Ema? Are you alright? You… you look like you just saw someone you love die or something…
>>
No. 867109 ID: 65a774
File 151853486112.png - (62.86KB , 700x550 , 69.png )
867109

:ViviFoS: Why Karn, it seems you’ve broken the spirit of yet another student. How typical.
:KarnFoS: Vivian…

The first thing that hits you is the smell… the smell of jealousy, hatred and selfishness. You smell a dark soul, one drenched in blood, twisted and corrupted by pure malice. It’s like the smell of Gev, the highwayman, but seasoned with jealousy and pettiness. It smells so good, so delicious, it takes all your willpower from just pouncing the person and eating them as they enter the room. You’re lucky you did not, as before the source of the smell two large, heavily armed and armored bodyguards enter the room, followed by a far smaller Avian lady clad in green and black. Going by their gazes alone, you can see that there is nothing but pure hatred between this Vivian and Karn.

:KarnFoS: What do you want?
:ViviFoS: Can’t I visit an old friend without some ulterior motive, hmm?
:KarnFoS: …we both know we aren’t friends, Vivi…
:ViviFoS: Oh, but we are best of friends, aren’t we… Karn. Now, I simply wanted to come and see how your business was going… and I can see that you’ve outdone yourself once again. One… single… student... one that seems to be about to burst into tears any moment too.
:KarnFoS: That wasn’t-
:ViviFoS: And going by her wear… no offense, dear, but I don’t think you are one that have a lot of coin to throw around, are you? So here we are… one student… that doesn’t seem particularly happy with your training style… whom barely can pay for their own clothes. I’m sure your mother would be so proud of how you run her training hall, Karn.
:KarnFoS: Don’t you dare mention my mother.
:ViviFoS: Why not? She’s the only thing good about you, Karn. But enough chatting of old times… you were right, I have a reason for coming here.
:KarnFoS: Oh, here it comes again…
:ViviFoS: I’m giving you one last offer to sell this training hall to me, Karn. I’m sure you’ll find my new prize more than generous.
:KarnFoS: One last offer? Wasn’t that what you said last time as well? …and the time before that?
:ViviFoS: Ohoho… why, I might have… but this time I mean it. No, stop deluding yourself, Karn, you cannot run this training hall. Do as your mother wished, and because something a male like you are meant to be… like a waitress or cook.
:KarnFoS:
:ViviFoS: The three goddesses did not create man for them to use weapons. Your rightful place is at home, as the very gods decreed, Karn… this is no place for a male, no matter how delusional he is.
:KarnFoS:
:ViviFoS: And as for you…

The avian lady looks over to you…

:ViviFoS: I understand that you might have chosen this incompetent imbecile because of his cheap pricing but… how about this, if you come train in my training hall instead, I’ll let you have the five first lessons for the same price this idiot is charging. After all, I don’t want to leave an aspiring lady warrior relying on a… male, do I?
>>
No. 867116 ID: 094652

>>867109
The misery she will put Karn through is nothing compared to your plans for "Lesson Five": How to cook roasted envy pheasant breast with a side order of petty milk.

Convince Karn to sell the dojo, and accept the offer. Then make sure Karn is crying somewhere public with a LOT of witnesses while you learn four new tricks and eat her when she has a break for teatime. Since she's an accomplished swordswoman, use fire. As in, burn her dojo down with an overturned candle and consume her in the chaos.
>>
No. 867118 ID: 083d66

“So for free, then? Tempting, but... something tells me that letting me into your dojo would be... a mistake, on your part. And that’s not because I’m a poor student at the moment.”

Meanwhile; don’t think I didn’t notice those The Edge quotes Karn was spouting that whole time. I too am a Furi fan. :3
>>
No. 867122 ID: eb4746

An easier way to obtain life essence from people? Ema, I think the swords' are telling you to get laid. Considering we get new forms for sleeping with the innocent it isn't that out there of an idea.

Yeah, I think we're going to eat this woman sooner or later, but we'll have to save it for later; she's a weapon master like Karn, and we know how fighting him turned out. I'm tempted to tell her we got this lesson free and see if she's willing to uphold her offer, but I suspect she'll take that as a sign of Karn's desperation rather than kindness and mock him further for it.

Tell her you'll consider it while making it clear in your tone that you don't like her.
>>
No. 867124 ID: 91ee5f

>>867107
>The bet was for who eats who
For the last time, no it wasn’t!

>Ema? Are you alright? You…you look like you just saw someone you love die or something…
Play it off by saying that he’s the first person to ever tell you that you have potential, so you just kinda don’t know what to say.

Pretending to be someone that nobody ever believed in might help earn some sympathy points.

>>867109
>incompetent imbecile
“If he was incompetent and an imbecile, then how he has been able to keep his training hall open? He’s obviously doing something right. And from the way he knocked me on my ass, I can tell that he knows what he’s doing, otherwise I would’ve beaten him.”

>train in my training hall instead
“No thanks, I’m trying to learn how to swing a sword effectively. If I want lessons on intimidating people and bullying them into selling their businesses to me because of their gender, I’ll come find you.”
>>
No. 867133 ID: b1b4f3

>>867109
Oh hey, this is a good excuse to get her alone and eat her. Hmm, ask if you'll have to pay after the first five lessons, or before? You don't have much coin on hand at the moment. And will they be private lessons? You don't want to embarrass yourself in front of her bodyguards.
>>
No. 867136 ID: d887c0

>>867109
"...You aren't a good person. I don't know what you've done or why, but I can tell. And someday you're going to pay for it."
>>
No. 867137 ID: 33430a

Lets not go around threatening skilled fighters with bodyguards in front of witnesses. If nothing else it will raise awkward questions when they disappear.
>>
No. 867142 ID: f6785d

Ohhhh this one would be delicious! And she seems to know about sword fighting. She would be a nice adeition to the arsenal. But that is the reason why we have to leave her for latter. She might kill you in your state.
Politely denay her offer, and tell her that how you look has nothing to do with him or wiht her, you were just remembering somthing. You can't stay close to her anyway, you will lose your head again and do something stupid.
What you need to do, is to gain some income to pay Karn's clases and get good at fighting. At the same time, you can help him to gain a good image and get some students to come here. And you have to help him to not let the hatred towards the bird lady get the better of him. This is the path to impurity, and you know that means.
>>
No. 867144 ID: 8a55a9

Try not to lick your chops when you say you'll think about it.
>>
No. 867159 ID: fa1875

"Lady, I'm having an existential crisis right now, do you mind?"
>>
No. 867160 ID: 65a774
File 151855661387.png - (55.91KB , 700x550 , 70.png )
867160

>An easier way to obtain life essence from people? Ema, I think the swords' are telling you to get laid. Considering we get new forms for sleeping with the innocent it isn't that out there of an idea.
Geez, first your parents were on you to get a boyfriend… and now your sword? You’re trying, damn it! Do you think you like being a virgin!?

>Yeah, I think we're going to eat this woman sooner or later.
This arrogant meat definitely belongs in your stomach. Her destiny is to be nothing but a meal for you.
>"Lesson Five": How to cook roasted envy pheasant breast with a side order of petty milk.
You’re pretty sure she’s more of a peacock than a pheasant… but that doesn’t matter, you’re going to eat her anyway.
>She's a weapon master like Karn, and we know how fighting him turned out.
That’s because you tried to fight Karn. You only need to touch her head to paralyze her… which you probably can convince her to willingly let you do.

>Convince Karn to sell the dojo, and accept the offer. Then make sure Karn is crying somewhere public with a LOT of witnesses while you eat her when she has a break for teatime.
Hmm… why does Karn need to sell his training hall? …And why does he need witnesses? You’ll make her disappear and steal her form, after all. You can make sure people see her long after she’s been taken care off, can’t you? …as long as you got her clothes, of course.
>What you need to do, is to gain some income to pay Karn's classes and get good at fighting. At the same time, you can help him to gain a good image and get some students to come here.
That is a nice long term plan… but right now you need a short term plan. Someone needs to get in your tummy and you rather it is this arrogant meat instead of the emergency meat.


>Tell her that how you look has nothing to do with him or with her, you were just remembering something.
:ViviFoS: Ohoho… why, I’m not surprised that his training would bring forth sad memories.
>So for free, then?
:ViviFoS: Free? Really, Karn? You can’t even get her to pay?
:KarnFoS: We were just sparring. It was a free sample of the real deal.
:ViviFoS: Of course it was.
:EmaFoS: So… I can get your lessons for free as well then?
:ViviFoS: Ohoho… I do like your spunk, dear, but sadly I can’t give out free lessons like our friend Karn here. At least, not five of them… how about this, I can give your first lesson for free and then the next four for half price? How does that suit you?
>And will they be private lessons? You don't want to embarrass yourself in front of her bodyguards.
:ViviFoS: Don’t you worry, we have a long range of beginner classes, where any mistake is not only expected, but encourage. After all, if we don’t do mistakes, how can we learn from them?
:EmaFoS: Classes? So you train multiple people at once?
:ViviFoS: Of course. Otherwise I wouldn’t have any time left on the day. But, if you truly want a private lesson, then we have those as well… for a price of course. For you, I’ll make your first one only cost half price, only ten silver.
:EmaFoS: Ten silver!? That’s… um… (I’m pretty sure that’s like two hens!?)
:ViviFoS: I’d know it would be a bit steep for you… but if you manage to scrap it together, we actually do have a time slot open tonight, tomorrow and the day after that at dinner time, thanks to an recent cancelation. In fact, I’ll even offer you a private lesson for only 5 silver if you come today, as I don’t believe I’ll be able to fill that slot otherwise.

>If he was incompetent and an imbecile, then how he has been able to keep his training hall open?
:ViviFoS: Ohoho… why, he don’t. He’s still riding on what little is left from his mother.
:KarnFoS: I’m still staying afloat on my own.
:ViviFoS: Without customers? Without an income? Why, I’ve seen how you stay afloat, just look at this place. The windows are smashed, the walls are vandalized… there’s dust everywhere, even! No, you’re not staying afloat from what you earn here… in fact, you have to wonder where you’re getting that income from.
:KarnFoS: Oh, please, are you going to suggest I’m stealing now as well?
:ViviFoS: Ohoho… wouldn’t that be rich. If we caught the arrogant Karn stealing pocket change? Or selling illegal potions? Ohoho… I wish…
>And from the way he knocked me on my ass, I can tell that he knows what he’s doing; otherwise I would’ve beaten him.
:ViviFoS: Dear, I just need to look at you to see that you’re a novice. No disrespect, but even one of the undertrained guards out there would be able to knock you down.
>Try not to lick your chops.
:ViviFoS: Are you alright, by the way? You’ve been licking your chops a lot while we talked.
:EmaFoS: Oh… I’m just a bit famished. Haven’t had lunch yet, you see.
:ViviFoS: Ah, of course, of course…

:ViviFoS: So, then I’ll leave you two to think it over. You, Karn, about my deal… I’ll leave the details next to the door on the way out, and you, dear, about my lessons. You’re welcome to come by and get more details at any time. So… unless there was anything else, then I bid you two… adieu?
>>
No. 867162 ID: f6785d

Hmmm, how do we make her shut up PERMANENTLY? Or when? We need to think of a plan. But i don't like the idea of leaving Karn on a side. He is trying to acomplish something thatnot many would even consider posible nor have the balls for it. That is quite admirable. Everyone has to follow their dreams, as long as is not an evil evil one. (I know, is really corny, but is the truth)
And it is true that you will need some coin, the journey to justice is long, and expensive, apparently.
>>
No. 867168 ID: 91ee5f

>>867160
Just let her leave. Don’t say anything and don’t do anything.

Once you’re sure she’s gone, turn around and tell Karn, “You have no idea how close I was to headbutting her in the face. You must have a lot of patience to put up with her.”
>>
No. 867170 ID: b1b4f3

>>867160
Ok, bye.

Ask Karn what he'd give to be rid of that blue bird for good. While you may be unskilled in real combat, you have a good idea of how to make her skip town, permanently. All it would take is one private lesson.
>>
No. 867177 ID: 3e59db

Ok, trail her, and while we do that transform to the highwayman guy and shank her. They won't know it's you, so go crazy.
>>
No. 867180 ID: eb4746

Alright, once she's gone tell Karn you'll leave him to his students. We'll want to take care of that hunger issue without eating anyone. If only we knew a hooker with a heart of gold.
>>
No. 867182 ID: fa1875

I like her! She's not good like the innkeepers that we don't know what to do with. She's so rotten through and through, unlike a certain other bird that we know and not just some gray area "I do what I have to survive" or some ignorant misguided justice shtick others have. She thrives on harming others and knows she's getting away with it (till now).
Can't help to love her to pieces!
>>
No. 867349 ID: 689e8d

Say farewell and bow. At least we have a use for that gold coin now.

I still feel we need to find a way to inform our new compatriots of our nature without them freaking out. If we can get them all in on our abilities and get them sharing their own secrets we'll have access to a whole bunch of puzzle pieces without having to come up with a bunch of convoluted plans.
>>
No. 867350 ID: b1b4f3

On a different subject, I wonder what sin Karn committed. We know Justina is a thief, what did Karn do?
>>
No. 867356 ID: cc5f4f

>>867350
Maybe deceit, hate, grudge, or pride. No clear indication of which.
>>
No. 867359 ID: 91ee5f

>>867350
>>867356
We were already told what Karn is guilty of when we were playing as Oran.

Karn is helping Oran sell those illegal potions.
>>
No. 867393 ID: 65a774
File 151860863516.png - (25.22KB , 700x550 , 71.png )
867393

>Ok, trail her, and while we do that transform to the highwayman guy and shank her. They won't know it's you, so go crazy.
First off, you don’t want to shank her, you want to eat her. Second, she’s a skilled warrior… and she got guards. You can’t just walk up to someone like that and try to shank them! They’ll stop you for sure!
>Hmmm, how do we make her shut up PERMANENTLY?
…isn’t it obvious?

>We'll want to take care of that hunger issue without eating anyone.
While you do want to take care of it, it would mean actually getting laid… which you have a very bad track record of doing. Besides, as desperate as you are, you still want your first time to be… a bit special, at least.
>If only we knew a hooker with a heart of gold.
You don’t really have the coin for that… or the know how to find one… and besides, you might just end up eating them anyway. You’re pretty sure selling yourself for coin robs you of your innocent? You’re not sure…
>And it is true that you will need some coin, the journey to justice is long, and expensive, apparently.
Now the question is… how the heck do you get a bunch of coin?
>I still feel we need to find a way to inform our new compatriots of our nature without them freaking out.
Because walking up to them and telling them you’re a monster that eats people is such a good idea. Though, if you’re somehow able to convince them that you only eat people that deserve it… hmm… they would be invaluable allies if you only got them to accept what you are.


>Say farewell and bow.
Vivian returns the bow with a flair.
:ViviFoS: Farewell, my good lady. It’s good to see someone with a bit of tact around here. As for you… Karn… I’m sure we’ll see each other again… very soon.

Vivian and her bodyguards makes a show of leaving, including smashing the front door so hard that one of the fake weapons on the wall falls to the floor.

:EmaFoS: You have no idea how close I was to head-butting her in the face. You must have a lot of patience to put up with her.
:KarnFoS: You have no idea. That witch has ruined my life more than once… she’s the main reason why my training hall in the state it currently is. By helve, it wouldn’t surprise me if she was paying the vandals that smash my windows to.
>Ask Karn what he'd give to be rid of that blue bird for good.
:KarnFoS: Why, everything, really… well, no, most things. But… *sigh*… I do not have much to give… nor am I the kind of man that pays assassins… or know how to find them.
>You have a good idea of how to make her skip town, permanently. All it would take is one private lesson.
:KarnFoS: What? Wait, is this some stupid way to get me to pay for that lesson?
:EmaFoS: I’m serious! I think I know of a way to make her leave you alone for good.
:KarnFoS: …yeah, no, I don’t believe you. Ema, you’re just… some stranger that appeared from nowhere a day ago… I don’t think you know what you’re dealing with here.
:EmaFoS: And you don’t know what I can do. I have special… abilities.
:KarnFoS: …*sigh* you know what, I need a good laugh right now so fine, tell me about your plan. If it is ridicules enough I guess I can borrow you five silver… as long as you promise me that you won’t actually do it. So, what’s your “great” idea, hmm?
>>
No. 867394 ID: 33cbe7

Seduce her, then eat her. Pow, a double dose of essence.
>>
No. 867396 ID: 830fb7

Say “ my plan is:
Walk in with the 5 silver saying that we decided to give her training a try once in private
Do some training to lul her into a false sense of security and get her close.
Stun her
The rest you shouldn’t know becouse that only will put you either in more danger or scare you badly.”
If he responds with something criticising your plan say that you left it so general so it can be adapted to the circumstances of the situation.
>>
No. 867406 ID: 91ee5f

>>867393
>she’s a skilled warrior…and she got guards.
And like the swords have been telling you, you’re also a skilled warrior.

You just need to tap into the skills of the previous wielders of the Swords of Justice and you can be just as good as Karn and Vivian. Hell, if the guys before you were actually skilled, then you might even be better than Karn and Vivian combined!

>You’re pretty sure selling yourself for coin robs you of your innocent? You’re not sure…
Ask the swords.

>Because walking up to them and telling them you’re a monster that eats people is such a good idea. Though, if you’re somehow able to convince them that you only eat people that deserve it…hmm…they would be invaluable allies if you only got them to accept what you are.
The biggest and most obvious risk is that you’ll be blamed for all those rumors of people disappearing. Even if they do believe you about only eating people that are guilty and corrupt, you’re still going to be blamed for that, unless you can convince them that you’re not doing that.

Also, you had a feeling that told you Justina has a problem with keeping secrets and you felt the need to watch what you say near her. So she’ll be a difficult person to tell your secret to.

>You have a good idea of how to make her skip town, permanently. All it would take is one private lesson.
No! Why?! Who the fuck thought it’d be a good idea for Ema to tell Karn that we can make Vivian leave town?! That is the stupidest thing we could’ve done! Now when she does disappear, Karn will know that we did it!
>>
No. 867437 ID: f6785d

>>867406
I agree, there is no way that telling him what we plan on doing will leave her out of suspicion. I mean, what is the idea?
Tell him that you can make people disappear from the face of existence?
Or even more simple, how would we make her "leave the town"? There is no way that he would trust us that easily. Unles Ema says that she has magic powers?
>>
No. 867448 ID: 8a55a9

Tell you? Karn, haven't you heard of plausible deniability?

Also, what's this about potions? A strangely specific thing for her to bring up, hmm?
>>
No. 867450 ID: 0767fd

Ema, if you need money I heard that there's a certain snake willing to buy undead blood for alchemical purposes, if you're interested?
>>
No. 867466 ID: b1b4f3

>>867393
Hmm, he wants a good laugh, huh?

Tell him you were planning on asking for wrestling lessons then getting her naked and threatening to parade her around town or call in her bodyguards to make it look like she was going to take advantage of you.
>>
No. 867535 ID: 05ff2f

Oh, dammit, Ema, you shouldn't have told Karn you have ideas about making Vivian leave him alone. Even if he isn't taking it seriously, he'll remember this when she vanishes. And yes, you can take her form, but you can't do that until you digest her. Until then, and you get a set of clothes for her form, she'll be considered missing. Better play this off like you were not actually serious and only thinking of fitting just desserts for that massive bitch.

Say you wish you could sucker punch her lights out and slam her beak-first into a half-full trash barrel like the rotten garbage she is and roll her down the high street, but that ain't gonna happen. Nice to imagine, but not gonna happen.

If Karn does lend you the five silver coins, also write a short IOU for it where both you sign and date it and there's a payment period beyond which you have to pay accruing interest. That'll be legally binding document so Karn will be more confident he'll get his money back, which since he's so cash strapped will be a relief.

Oh, and also tell him you'll also pay in work for him as well as coin. Errands and chores and handywoman stuff so he can focus on the business. You'll clean this place up and paint the outside walls. And if he needs and blacksmithing, you're the woman for the job, you just need to rent a furnace.

Ask Karn if he suspects Vivian strings along the beginner classes at her training hall so she can keep milking them for coin without actually teaching them much of anything.

Tell Karn you have a idea that may humiliate Vivian enough that she'll have to resign in shame, but it involves him. You bring him to one of her beginner classes and get her to spar with him under the pretense of whichever one wins will be the one who's training hall you'll go to. You suspect she's not as adept and skilled as Karn and he'd beat her in front of all those people. The rumors will start flying and she'll get slammed.

>>867406
>The biggest and most obvious risk is that you’ll be blamed for all those rumors of people disappearing.
Which is why it's imperative that Ema uses another form when enacting final justice upon the wicked. Keep her prime form separate and clean so she can live her life as herself and keep the relationships she has created while she is Ema. Otherwise she'll have to sever all the relationships she made as Ema and stay in another form until she leaves Stoneberg. That will not be good for her psyche, at all.

>>867450
Which would require admitting she's undead, which is definitely not what she wants to do. At least not without cultivating her reputation and relationship with them first. Now, her unusual colored scales, those Oran may want for ingredients.
>>
No. 867563 ID: 65a774
File 151864680535.png - (20.38KB , 700x550 , 72.png )
867563

>Like the swords have been telling you, you’re also a skilled warrior. You just need to tap into the skills of the previous wielders of the Swords of Justice.
You still have no idea how to do that, though!
>Ask the swords if selling yourself for coin makes you unpure.
… … …thanks swords, helpful as always…

>Ema, if you need money I heard that there's a certain snake willing to buy undead blood for alchemical purposes, if you're interested?
You can’t tell people you’re undead just to get a few extra coins… hmm… but your scales, though. You used to trade them for candy with those Varkian nomads when you were younger… so an actual Alchemist might actually pay a fair price for them!
>Also, what's this about potions? A strangely specific thing for her to bring up, hmm?
His best friend is an alchemist. Of course he would have easy access to potions… illegal or otherwise…

>The biggest and most obvious risk is that you’ll be blamed for all those rumors of people disappearing.
Except that has been happening for years while you’ve only been here a day… though, they might think you’ve just changed shape or something… hmm…
>You had a feeling that told you Justina has a problem with keeping secrets and you felt the need to watch what you say near her. So she’ll be a difficult person to tell your secret to.
Hmm… yeah… maybe you need to keep Justina out of this completely.
>Which is why it's imperative that Ema uses another form when enacting final justice upon the wicked.
Problem is, you still lack a lot of forms to use and you can’t get new forms until you enact some final justice.
>Oh, dammit, Ema, you shouldn't have told Karn you have ideas about making Vivian leave him alone. Even if he isn't taking it seriously, he'll remember this when she vanishes.
… … …then you’ll just need to do it in such a way that he can’t connect it back to you… somehow…
>yes, you can take her form, but you can't do that until you digest her.
And you have no idea how long that will take. You’re sure it will be faster than your last meal, but how fast? It might be hours… or less than one… who knows?


>Tell you? Karn, haven't you heard of plausible deniability?
:KarnFoS: You really think they will care about that?
>I will seduce her.
:KarnFoS:
:EmaFoS:
:KarnFoS:
:EmaFoS:
:KarnFoS: *Snrk*... pff... pffHAHAHA!? YOU!? SEDUCE HER!? Oh, that’s rich…
:EmaFoS: Hey, don’t underestimate my… err… sexy… … …something?
:KarnFoS: Ema, no offence, but you have the charisma of a hay pile. She’ll eat you alive if you try something like that.
>Tell him you were planning on asking for wrestling lessons then getting her naked and threatening to parade her around town or call in her bodyguards to make it look like she was going to take advantage of you.
:KarnFoS: Heheh... geez, where do you come up with these? Again, she’ll not let you do that… and second, her guards will be on her side, not yours.
>You could sucker punch her lights out and slam her beak-first into a half-full trash barrel like the rotten garbage she is and roll her down the main street!
:KarnFoS: HAH! Why, I wish it was that easy! But no, you’ll be thrown in jail so quickly that she won’t even have time to hit the trash barrel.

:KarnFoS: Alright, fine… I guess your crazy ideas did bring me into a better mood, so I’ll lend you those five silvers. Just promise me you won’t try sucker punching her… or slam dunking her… or seducing her.
:EmaFoS: I promise, I promise!
:KarnFoS: Then here, five silvers, I’m expecting them back next week at the latest.

>If Karn does lend you the five silver coins, also write a short IOU for it where both you sign and date it.
:KarnFoS: Hey, it’s just five silver, it’s not that much. Besides, if you don’t pay back I’ll just come by and punch you in the snout until you do, alright?
>Oh, and also tell him you'll also pay in work for him as well as coin.
:KarnFoS: Hmm… I don’t think I have any work around that’s worth five silver, though…
>Ask Karn if he suspects Vivian strings along the beginner classes at her training hall so she can keep milking them for coin without actually teaching them much of anything.
:KarnFoS: Heh, wouldn’t surprise me. She’s all about earning as much as possible and not mastering the art itself.

>Tell Karn you have an idea that may humiliate Vivian enough that she'll have to resign in shame, but it involves him. You bring him to one of her beginner classes and get her to spar with him under the pretense of whichever one wins will be the one who's training hall you'll go to.
:KarnFoS: If only it was that easy. No, she would simply refuse to fight me… after all, that’s why I’m in this situation in the first place.
:EmaFoS: Wait, why would her not wanting to fight you change anything?
:KarnFoS: To become an official member of the weapon master guild, I’ll need to duel one of their other members. And seeing as she’s the only other weapon master in Stoneburg… well, not counting the old lady, but she’ technically retired.
:EmaFoS: Can’t you just duel some other guild member in another city?
:KarnFoS: Sadly, by the rules you have duel the weapon master of the city you’re located in, unless there isn’t one or all of them officially refuses to duel. Vivian just… doesn’t duel with me without officially refusing it… and as the guild like her more than me… well, they just let it slide.

:KarnFoS: Now, I’m going to be very busy soon so… if you mind?

You still have a few hours of daylight left before the day is over… so what’s next?

The library (They are bound to have information about those emblems, the undead and the swords).
Vark Nomads (They were there, they must know something about the attack).
Mercenary post (They are the one to ask about known criminals, after all).
Training hall (Vivian’s training hall, that is. You might need to scout the place out before you go there later tonight).
Oran’s shop (Sell scales?).
Go back to the inn (It would do you good to see Danus and Drago again… or at least smell them…)
Roam the streets (There’s bound to be food out there, somewhere…).
>>
No. 867569 ID: c0641d

The discount was for today, so we’re doing this today. Let’s go see Vivian.
>>
No. 867576 ID: b15da4

I think you mean 'get Justina inside you completely.'
>>
No. 867589 ID: 4854ef

If you consume her, you could become her and fix his issues by dueling him.

Let's head to Oran's shop though, a few extra coin can't hurt.
>>
No. 867598 ID: 094652

Oran's shop, trade scales for potions. You'll need an advantage to fight a swordmistress.
>>
No. 867602 ID: cb585b

>>867589
True... But we really dont have to do anything, as she's officially the last master in the town, so if she disappears he'd likely be handed an invitation anyways.

There's also the issue of Ema being a horrible fighter without the very-notable swords too
>>
No. 867609 ID: 91ee5f

>>867602
>if she disappears he'd likely be handed an invitation anyways.
Not exactly.

Everyone will suspicious of Karn and think he had something to do with it, since everyone in the guild knows about Vivian being the reason Karn is in the predicament he’s in!
>>
No. 867616 ID: 36dd8a

>You can’t tell people you’re undead just to get a few extra coins…

You don't have to.
Look, you can just say you have coincidently already some on hand and sell it to him, or, if you don't have a bottle, let him hire you to hunt something down, leave, and come back after 5 minutes claiming you found a zombie in the sewers or say that you cut Justina (he's convinced she's a vampire, SOMEHOW).
It'll work. He's almost painfully gullible. And horny if you're looking for a lay.

Investigating Vivian's place is our more imidiate concern though.
>>
No. 867619 ID: 5b93d3

>>867563
Here's a plan:
1) Eat Vivian
2) Wear our new Vivian skin
3) Challenge Karn to a duel (and lose)
4) 'Vivian' skips town in humiliation
5) Transform back once far enough

Vivian is now vanished in a very public way that removes suspicion from both Karn (who is very publicly celebrating) and Ema (Vivian was seen in public after meeting with her after all).
>>
No. 867624 ID: b1b4f3

>>867619
Hey that might actually work! Ema needs some of her clothes though. Might have to strip her once she's paralyzed.
>>
No. 867626 ID: 8a55a9

>>867619
That's a hell of a lot of work for somebody we owe very little. Also Emma's pretty incompetent. I'm thinking the situation will have to work itself out on it's own after Viv falls off the face of the earth.
>>
No. 867633 ID: 36dd8a

>>867619
Disappearences are already commonplace in the city we don't have to make her's seem plausible.
>>
No. 867639 ID: b1b4f3

As for Oran and the possibility of selling blood-- which Ema should ask herself how she knows about in the first place-- we can totally do it safely if Ema approaches him for a job of some sort. She's an adventurer and adventurers gather materials for merchants. Oran should lay out some stuff and Ema can go "oh I have a powerful undead friend I can get blood from" and just refuse to tell him who it is.
>>
No. 867643 ID: 91ee5f

>>867633
Not true.

She’s a rich person. Rich people have never been victims of disappearing because they have paid protection to escort them.

Vivian disappearing will be suspicious.
>>
No. 867694 ID: 05ff2f

Ema, before you go follow the plan to eat Vivian during a private training session, you should know it has at least a couple very likely fatal issues. First is that it's quite likely your session won't be wholly private. With the amount of enemies Vivian undoubtedly has accrued over her years, enough to warrant a weapons master such as her needing two slabs of armored muscle as bodyguards, she's not going to go into any room alone with anyone she doesn't know well. A private session would be a prime opportunity for a hired assassin to shank her or otherwise kill her silently. So, there'll be someone watching through a peephole or listening for her voice through a wall or door. Even if it's the latter, with how much she loves the sound of her voice, her suddenly going silent will be a telltale sign something is wrong. And if she has a bodyguard in the room during the private session, well, there goes your plan entirely.

Second issue is that there will be too many witnesses to you entering that private room with Vivian and then her not exiting it once it's noticed she's gone missing. Her bodyguards especially will remember, since it's likely one or more will be stationed outside the door. And a tall blue Sakkilian gal wearing ratty clothes with a pair of unusual swords on her hip is gonna be very memorable to everyone. At the least you're going to be wanted for questioning, and at worse you'll be arrested as a suspect in Vivian's disappearance. But assuming you avoid that by going into hiding until you digest her, and get a set of clothes for her form, just coming as her won't just make the suspicion of you go away. Unless you have a convincing explanation for Vivian vanishing and coming back and not taking her bodyguards or informing anyone else, it's gonna look rather like she was kidnapped, released and is keeping quiet because there's a threat over her. And if she suddenly starts doing things that favor Karn and leaves Stoneburg, he's going to get major scrutiny.

Right now, with your forms and capabilities, the only way I can think of that might work to eat Vivian and not compromise your form as Ema would be to forgo the private session and instead take on the form of Gev and somehow get Vivian to take you somewhere private, likely for sex. But you don't know if she's that easy a lay, nor if you could go where you could socialize with her, nor if she even would have anything to do with some poor nobody, no matter how much he flatters her. That's a lot of unknowns you'd have to figure out before considering this, and that takes time. Time which you don't have today before your hunger overwhelms you.

You should keep in mind that you can use your ability to eat and drink organics virtually unlimitedly to your advantage against your potential targets. For example, you can drink loads of booze without getting intoxicated while they cannot. If you can learn to convincingly act drunk, you can get them to take you into private for sex, thinking they're taking advantage of a dunk for a easy lay. Or get them so drunk they pass out, then carry them into private under the pretense of laying them down to sleep it off.

But the way you destroy organics that you consume also means that you aren't effected by drugs or poisons that you eat or drink. This means you can dose food or beverages that you'd share with a target. You can consume them without effect, but your target cannot. So a strong sleeping potion mixed into a bottle of wine will knock your target out, but you can show it's safe by drinking a whole glass first. It also means you're immune to anyone poisoning or drugging food or drink that is offered to you.

Head to the mercenary post. It's right next door to Karn's training hall, so it won't take hardly any time. You want to check if Gev is some major wanted felon in Stoneburg. That way you'll know if you'll be at risk of the city guard or the mercenaries getting on your ass if you walk about the city in Gev's form.

You should also add "buy clothes" to your future destination options. You have five silver now, so that ought to cover at least one decent outfit for you so you don't look noticeably shabby. You'll also need a outfit for Gev's form and something you can wear while swapping between your normal form and Gev's form.

>You still have no idea how to do that, though!
Perhaps you need to wield the Swords of Justice to draw on those memories of martial prowess, or even just have them on your person.

>>867619
No, this is a bad plan if you stop to consider Vivian and Karn's long and presumably well known history and rivalry. Leaving aside all the things that would need to go right to get Ema in Vivian's form to a duel with Karn and not get caught on the way, it's going to stink of him blackmailing her. And it'd have to be more than ordinary blackmail material but mind-bogglingly colossal blackmail material. Because to everyone else that knows about them, that would be the only logical explanation for Vivian to not only suddenly grant Karn the duel she's denied him for years, but to do so badly at it it'd look like she threw it in Karn's favor, and then leave her entire life in Stoneburg behind out of "disgrace." Oh, and then she vanishes on the road, never to be seen again, which is massively suspicious.

So, Karn is gonna have his guild, the city guard, and anyone else in a position of power that has a interest in either Vivian's well-being or staying in her position or in knocking a uppity male down crawling up his ass and turning his life upside down for all this. Of course they won't find that he has dirt on Vivian or a connection to her disappearance, but they will find any other illegal activities he has been engaging in and put him away for those.

>>867639
>Oran should lay out some stuff and Ema can go "oh I have a powerful undead friend I can get blood from" and just refuse to tell him who it is.
...Reread that sentence about Ema saying she has a "powerful undead friend" and remember undead are commonly considered monsters to be destroyed by those who live in this area. If Ema says that, Oran is going to first think she's lying or crazy, then when she returns with the blood and it checks ou