[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 882482)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 152545051956.png - (130.72KB , 1212x826 , Inheritance 1.png )
882482 No. 882482 ID: 8a947d

Your father's coughs rattle your quiet house, the sandstorm last night was rougher than usual. You hand him another glass of water, not exactly clean but it's better than nothing, but he refuses it. His breathing grows more ragged as you try to console him. You've been hoping for the best with the scarce resources you've had for a while but it doesn't seem like he's going to make it. Between bloody hacking, your father speaks to you.

Father: --cough cough-- What? What are ya cryin' for boy? I've lived much longer than either a' us expected. That's somethin' to be happy about right? --COUGH!--. I cannot stress how important it is that you move past this quickly. I understand that it will not be easy for you, but know that beyond the grave somewhere in the Aether I'll be watching over you. Know that you are never alone.

He reaches over and pulls something up from beside him, he hands you something he's carried with him all his life.

>His Knife
A sturdy knife that's held itself together since you were born. You've seen your father cut down trees with one swing of it.

>His Revolver
Well kept from the day it was built and always accurate. He'd always manage to hit his shots, sometimes even if he wasn't aiming at his targets.

>His Violin
He rarely played, but when he did it was something else entirely. There was nothing better than coming home from a long day's work to hear it's melody, you felt safe when he played it.
Expand all images
>>
No. 882483 ID: 5f3f48

>>882482
Violin
>>
No. 882484 ID: 72c1dc

Take the violin. Did he teach you how to play it? Maybe you can play him a song to ease your souls as he departs
>>
No. 882486 ID: eeb7d9

...Violin.
>>
No. 882488 ID: f68efe

>A Playing Card
It's an old, torn-up Jack of Hearts. It's faded except for a line cutting through it, and smells like blood, sweat, and Aether.

Welcome back, Heretic.
>>
No. 882489 ID: b40778

Violin, dude shouldn't carry a gun everywhere like a cowboy.
>>
No. 882490 ID: f14948

Violin
>>
No. 882493 ID: 33cbe7

Revolver. 6 shots is more than enough to kill anything that moves.
>>
No. 882500 ID: 8a947d
File 152545446277.png - (133.95KB , 1212x826 , Inheritance 2.png )
882500

He taught you a little so you know a few songs, but you doubt you'll reach the level of skill he held so easily. He hands you his violin and in the same stroke his red neckerchief as well. Before he let's go he whispers something to you.

Father: This has happened before, and it will happen again. No matter what stay strong.
>>
No. 882501 ID: 8a947d
File 152545449854.png - (152.35KB , 1212x826 , Burial 1.png )
882501

Father: I love you son.
>>
No. 882503 ID: f14948

Hug your father, tell him you love him too.
>>
No. 882505 ID: 8a947d
File 152545474412.png - (105.88KB , 1212x826 , Burial 2.png )
882505

Your name is Roland "Gallows" Conroy. Age: 19, 20 in a few weeks, Occupation: Not dying in the badlands. You don't know a lot about surviving alone, but you do know this doesn't get easier the second time.

Foods running low, even with only one mouth to feed. You've got barely anything valuable to trade in. Your garden is showing some signs of growth but nothing that can benefit you in the near future. You need to think of something.
>>
No. 882507 ID: f14948

>>882505
Is there a town nearby? Maybe we can find a job.
>>
No. 882508 ID: 91ee5f

>>882507
Yeah, some extra money to buy some food would help.
>>
No. 882509 ID: eeb7d9

Where do you live? How did you survive when old man was around? What did he do for a living?
>>
No. 882510 ID: b40778

Buying seeds or using the violin to get money sounds a nice ideia too, just take care.
>>
No. 882527 ID: 0c84e8

We're gonna loose the violin at the end of this, won't we?
Let's see if you can find a town, or an inn. With your musical abilities you can make coin as long as there's people.
>>
No. 882544 ID: ad51b8

think if you got good enough with the violin you might be able to make a few bucks?
>>
No. 882587 ID: 8a947d
File 152548018844.png - (190.77KB , 1212x826 , House.png )
882587

>Where do you live?
You've lived in this house for all 19 years. Your mom and dad built it together, you feel secure in saying that it won't fall apart anytime soon.
>>
No. 882588 ID: 8a947d
File 152548107773.png - (274.84KB , 1212x826 , Burial 3.png )
882588

>Nearby Towns
Dawnsprings sit's a whiles away from your house, it's a well-sized town you'd go into with your dad from time to time to buy things. You're sure you could find some work if you need to there, but you aren't sure if anyone's going to pay well.

>Your father's job
Along with hunting animals and dealing with general pest problems your dad dealt with wild demons that roamed around and caused trouble for people. Sometimes demons find their way into the material world from the Aether, the smarter ones aren't an issue but the more animalistic demons can be inconvenient and even dangerous for people. You doubt you can follow in those footsteps.

>Playing Violin for money
You should be decent enough to get a job playing in a bar or something. Whatever you're going to do you think Dawnsprings is the best place to go. You outta get your stuff together from the house and shed if you're going to go.
>>
No. 882593 ID: ad51b8

it looks like your Violin just caught fire
>>
No. 882597 ID: 4d2d3a

Check your violin...
>>
No. 882601 ID: eeb7d9

Ok, look, i know that losing a loved one is painfull as fuck. But you can't just sat there and whine all the time. People has to go at some point, yourself included. You have to get up and face the world alone now, and crying won't help. Besides, your dad told you already, he will watching over you, you are going to make him worry if he sees you like this.

I have more questions too. What happened to you your eye? Why are covered in bandages? Why is your violin gluming red?
>>
No. 882604 ID: 91ee5f

>>882588
Why are you covered in bandages?

Why are your bandages covering your eye?

Why is your violin glowing?
>>
No. 882605 ID: dbf422

>>882601
If he starts whining, then you can worry about that.

Anyway, I dunno if the glowing violin is normal, so check that out. But otherwise, get back to your house and shed and start putting together a basic travel kit.
>>
No. 882614 ID: b40778

Crying a bit is ok.
>>
No. 882618 ID: eeb7d9

>>882605
I don't know, it looks to me that he has been doing that for a while now. Then again, maybe i am being too hard on him.

That doesn't mean that a "glowing" (wrong word, English is hard) violin isn't something to worry about. Pay atention boy!
>>
No. 882626 ID: 4d2d3a

>>882618
Yeah idk Reptilian, it’s not like his dad just died and he has to bury him next to his mom and he gave him his last possession. Not something people MOURN over at all.

...

Give him his moment for pity’s sake. Shame on you.
>>
No. 882632 ID: 8a947d
File 152549733869.png - (211.61KB , 1212x826 , Fiddler Imp.png )
882632

>Your eye
An incident you don't like talking about

>Your bandages
They cover up your tattoos, you don't know how you got them. Anytime you asked your father he'd say you were born with them. He insisted you kept them covered.

>Your violin
What about it-

Imp: So it finally happend eh? I'm sorry kid dats a damn shame...

Oh it's nothing to be worried about, its just Vol, the imp that lives inside of your dad's violin. You forgot he was in their with what had just happened. He's the most experience you have with demons

You: Yeah...Now I've got to worry about living out here alone...

Vol: You ain't alone Rolly! Ya got me dontcha ? Besides da towns a ride away from here y'know.

You: Yeah I was just thinking that...I need to get a job for some money. We were running out of food before and now I need to buy more, and I don't know shit about hunting animals.

Vol: Well ya could always sell some things ya don't really need. Your pops told me once if it came to it he'd be fine with ya sellin' his fancy ring with da blue gem if ya needed ta. Where's it at anyway ?

You: I uh...buried it with him

Vol: Oh, Well just dig it up so you can-

You: I'm not digging up my dads grave after burying him, that's fucked up. Besides I wouldn't sell that ring regardless, I don't think I could sell anything that belonged to him. I'm going to head into town and see if I can get a job.
>>
No. 882636 ID: 8a947d
File 152549800823.png - (165.93KB , 1212x826 , Fiddler Imp 2.png )
882636

Vol: I'm just sayin', at a time like dis ya gotta look out fer yourself ya dig?

You: ...I guess, it's not just about that ring y'know.

Vol: I know, I'll drop this right now. I can't say I understand whatcha going through but I do want ya to know that I'll be here to help you however I can. Okay ?

You: Okay, thanks Vol.

Vol: Ey don't mention it, I'd never leave ya on your own at a time like dis.

Vol leaps onto your back like he did with your dad a dozen times before as you walk back into your house to pack up and go to town. You open up the storage box for a few things you'll need.
>>
No. 882638 ID: 8a947d
File 152549837984.png - (161.57KB , 1212x826 , Inventory.png )
882638

A Scrap Metal Double Barrel with 8 Shells

A Hatchet

A Crank Powered Flashlight you made a year ago with the minimal engineering skill you have

And 2 Lesser Binding Parchments, these are the things your father used to bind and trap wild demons. They're only good on lesser demons however.

Vol: Now that ya done, what kinda job you thinkin a' doin? We gonna be playin' music at bars fer da rest a' our lives or ya wanna do somethin' dat might pay more?

You: What like...demon control?

Vol: Oh No! Like heck no! There ain't no way I'm lettin' ya do dat. Scavengin's a lot safer and you gotta a chance of findin' some real good stuff!

You: Scavenging's less dangerous ?

Vol: Every scavenging trip I've been on with Marshal's been a breeze, bit boring actually. You'll be fine.
>>
No. 882639 ID: d3602f

Well, I suppose it will probably be more lucrative. Where did he normally scavenge things?
>>
No. 882640 ID: b40778

Scavenging sounds nice. Might check if the flashlight is working, it sounds a neat work even if it wasn't profissional!
>>
No. 882641 ID: 4d2d3a

Scavenger it is! Where might we find some good loot in The badlands?
>>
No. 882642 ID: 91ee5f

>>882638
“Thanks for having my back, Vol.” Since he’s literally got your back.

>Scavenging's less dangerous.
Ask Vol to point out where the usual scavenging spot is and you’ll head out over there.
>>
No. 882647 ID: dbf422

Well, as a longer term thing, scavenging is interesting. But you can still cover living expenses with some music, so keep that in mind.
>>
No. 882674 ID: eeb7d9

Ok, i guess it's a start, right?
Really Vol, thanks for being here. How close were you and dad? How did you two met? I don't remember.

>>882638
OH, dude, can we like, make a run with shotguns this time? I love those, especially the double-barrel!
>>
No. 882679 ID: dbf422

>>882674
Very Mad Max
>>
No. 882681 ID: 91ee5f

>>882642
Also, ask Vol why he lives in your dad’s violin and how he got in there in the first place.
>>
No. 882714 ID: 8a947d
File 152556008596.png - (232.35KB , 1212x826 , Heading Out 1.png )
882714

Scavenging did sound like a good way to make some money, and if it's relatively safe then there shouldn't be much risk. You forego heading into town right now in favor of searching for a good scavenging sight.

Vol: Good! You got ya gun on ya right?

You: Yeah but...didn't you safe this was safe?

Vol: Well yeah but you know nothin' in the badlands is entirely safe. Besides, you should always have a gun on ya just in case! Now let's get goin', I'll point ya towards some good places to look.

You head to the shack to get your Skipper.
>>
No. 882718 ID: 8a947d
File 152556037436.png - (235.62KB , 1212x826 , Heading Out 2.png )
882718

You found the piece of junk a while ago and managed to get it working again. It get's you place to place pretty well. Your father's truck was better but that thing get wrecked a week before today after an accident he wouldn't tell you about.

The Skipper isn't great but you've gotten attached to it, plus it's your only mode of transportation.
>>
No. 882720 ID: 8a947d
File 152556108522.png - (99.69KB , 1212x826 , Heading Out 3.png )
882720

You ride out into the wastes. Your mind still clouded from the sudden tragedy and your throat dry from a lack of water. The skipper isn't too fast so it'll take a while to get to where Vol's pointing you. speaking of Vol, you might as well try and talk with him to get your mind off of what's happened.

You: Hey Vol? How'd you meet my dad?

Vol: I popped outta his violin when he was like 20 or somethin', an' he didn' shoo me off right away so I jus' stuck around ya know?

You: Okay but...why were you in his violin in the first place?

Vol: I wasn't INSIDE of it, I wandered across its portal in the Aether. Humans form close relationships to objects and when dat happens it opens dat thing up to being used as a catalyst fer a demon to climb through it from the Aether.

Vol: Somethin' 'bout the strength a' human emotions breakin' down dimensional walls. I don't know. It don't happen often but its one a da was we get into here.

You: Weird. Dad didn't tell me a lot about demons even though his work directly involved them.

Vol: Your pops wasn't interested in learnin' 'bout em. His job was gettin' rid a' rowdy ones and dat's dat. You interested in demons squirt ?
>>
No. 882722 ID: d3602f

>>882720
Well, they come from a whole other world, so it is definitely a curiosity. Do demons have family like humans? What's everyday like like in the aether?
>>
No. 882723 ID: 3abd97

>You interested in demons squirt ?
Maybe? I mean, you're the best friend I got right now, and you're a demon, so why wouldn't I be?
>>
No. 882726 ID: b1b4f3

>interested in demons
Yes.
>>
No. 882729 ID: eeb7d9

Well, you tell me. You are a being than comes from another dimension and have unnatural powers, you glow red and your skin is dark as the night. So yeah, color me impressed. Also, you are very good with the violin, you are going to have to teach me how to play better. I am good at it, but nothing compared to dad.
>>
No. 882749 ID: 8a947d
File 152557471030.png - (223.86KB , 1212x826 , Heading Out 4.png )
882749

You: Obviously, It's hard not to be a little curious about you things.

Vol: I ain't a "thing".

You: And I'm not a squirt.

Vol: Pfft, sure. Anyway, demon biz is serious. Dangerous even. I left the Aether for a reason some of them guys are insane to be around!

Vol: Your dad had to pick up some tricks for huntin' them if he wanted to be good at his job, like them binding scroll dealies he'd make. He knew a few things and he kept em in this.

Vol hands you a journal, it's old but barely touched. It's your dad's handwriting only a few pages are written on though.

Vol: He was real spotty with keepin' the thing updated though. I haven't seen him pick it up since he was like 30. He had me hold onto cus he didn't want ya knowin' squat about demons other than me, said it was too dangerous for you to be curious about. If you care more about knowing about demons then there's that to write in.

Vol: Oh wait! We're here! stop the thing!
>>
No. 882750 ID: 8a947d
File 152557504571.png - (199.83KB , 1212x826 , Heading Out 5.png )
882750

You stop the skipper and follow Vol to a spot in the sand. He get's down and starts digging up spots muttering to himself.

You: D'you think you could teach me some violin too?

Vol: Sure! It's da one thing I'm good at. Ah-hah! Here we go!

Vol motions you toward him, he shows you a metal grate hidden beneath the sand.

Vol: Me an' your pops were 'sposed ta come here to see what we could find before. He wasn't feelin' well though so...we went back home.

Vol: You don't mind goin' underground right?

Part of you honestly does a little, but you feel like it's too late to say you don't want to. Besides if you're going to keep doing this for money you've gotta start somewhere. You open the hatch to a latter leading into it.
>>
No. 882751 ID: 8a947d
File 152557545028.png - (87.73KB , 1212x826 , Bunker 1.png )
882751

Inside you find a circular bunker with three doors presumably leading to different rooms. After some investigation, you find only the two to your left and right can be opened, The third one in front of you seems to be locked.

There's gotta be something good in here.
>>
No. 882752 ID: b1b4f3

Go left!
>>
No. 882753 ID: d3602f

You're looking left, so I say go left.
>>
No. 882754 ID: eeb7d9

Left left!
>>
No. 882774 ID: ad51b8

left they say, LEFT!
>>
No. 882776 ID: 4d2d3a

>>882753
Technically he’s looking to the right. His right our left.

So I’m gonna be different and say right.
>>
No. 882800 ID: 8a947d
File 152558731071.png - (127.30KB , 1212x826 , Bunker 2.png )
882800

>>882776
All navigation directions are from the view of the camera

>Left
You enter the room to the left, the first thing you notice when you crack open the door is the smell of blood and rotting meat.

The vent in the back is open and dried blood coats the wall underneath it.

All of the lockers on the wall seem locked except for one.

There's a desk way in the back with something on it.
>>
No. 882813 ID: 91ee5f

>>882800
>dried blood
That’s hopefully a good sign. That means whatever did this is long gone. But just in case it’s still here, be careful.

>What do?
Investigate the unlocked locker.

Slowly go towards the desk while keeping an eye on the bloody locker and the vent.
>>
No. 882820 ID: d3602f

>>882813
This, but also keep your gun handy.
>>
No. 882823 ID: ad51b8

turn to Vol
"safe huh?"

then get your gun out and check the open locker. Might have something useful and I don't see any blood dripping out of that one so hopefully it won't have any nasty surprises.

also you can go for the papers on the desk if you want, just keep your gun pointed at the vent and just grab the papers and then go back to the circular chamber before reading them... after closing the door to this room obviously.
>>
No. 882825 ID: b40778

>>882820
Take a peek throught the lockers! Nothing bad to fear, I guess.
>>
No. 882826 ID: d1fa83

>>882813

That could also mean that there's something living in the grates that drags meals up into the vents or something.

Regardless, be damn careful.

Ask Vol if he'll take a peak in the vent for you to see if there's anything immediately dangerous, he's probably way faster than us so he can react better.
>>
No. 882827 ID: d3602f

>>882826
If we have him do that, it might be best if we give him the gun. Would hate to have the little guy get dragged in and hurt.
>>
No. 882838 ID: dbf422

Check the locker, but get yourself readied up with that shotgun. Whatever was here might be gone, but that's not likely, since bunkers tend to have one entrance.
>>
No. 882847 ID: 91ee5f

>>882827
I’m not sure he can even hold the gun! And if he could, the kick from firing it would literally knock him on his ass!
>>
No. 882849 ID: dbf422

>>882847
There are ways to avoid that, but none that make half as much sense as not giving him the gun, yeah.
>>
No. 882858 ID: eeb7d9

Get gun ready, check the open locker first, then check the desk.
>>
No. 882878 ID: 3583d1

Might be a good idea to load up your gun. Try tapping on the locker first, I’m not sure what’s behind there but it’s probably not good.
>>
No. 882939 ID: 8a947d
File 152566592406.png - (156.49KB , 1212x826 , Bunker 2-1.png )
882939

You: Yeah, Real safe.

Vol: Leave it to us to get da one sorta dangerous lookin' scavengin' site huh ?

>Locker
You check the unlocked locker carefully. You knock on it first to see if anything is inside, nothing responds. You take out your shotgun and open the locker slowly. Nothing living inside, but there is a large bottle of detergent on one of the shelves. You take it just in case.
>>
No. 882942 ID: 8a947d
File 152566663293.png - (120.41KB , 1212x826 , Bunker 2-2.png )
882942

Vol creeps past the bloody locker and carfully snatches the paper from the desk before rushing back over to you. There he reads over them, nothing special. One looks like an old order form while another seems to be a note to somebody else.

To: Adrian Turner, From: Lucine Viera
The ventilation's been spotty lately. Lots of rooms underground have begun overheating, this has caused serious problems with some of the more delicate research. If you could please check the vents to see what's wrong?

>>
No. 882945 ID: b1b4f3

Yeah don't go into the vents. Time to check the other room!
>>
No. 882946 ID: 4d2d3a

>>882942
Sounds like we might want to keep an eye out for any maintenance rooms, maybe this place has some power left that we can use to get the heat right if we intend to explore those rooms.
>>
No. 882949 ID: 91ee5f

>>882942
That sounds like we shouldn’t crawl into the vents at all!

Well, if there’s nothing else in here, besides the locked lockers, then let’s go back and go into the door on the right.
>>
No. 882950 ID: 91e08c

Alright next room, and as I’m sure as you’re aware watch out for vents Incase whatever was in them is still sticking around.
>>
No. 882953 ID: eeb7d9

We'll leave the ventilation system for later. Keep exploring.
>>
No. 882958 ID: 8a947d
File 152567681257.png - (124.43KB , 1212x826 , Bunker 3.png )
882958

You go back through the main lobby and go through the other door. Inside there are bunk beds on the wall and two more doors. The one on the left is labeled "bathroom" and the other is labeled "kitchen". Vol tugs on your coat sleeve.

Vol: Hey uh...Roland? Y'know dis whole job seems like a b-bit too much for a first timer ya get me?

Vol: I'll understand if ya wanna get outta here fast! there's still time ta go perform in the city or somethin' less freaky than dis.
>>
No. 882959 ID: b1b4f3

>>882958
I aint no pussy.

Open the door to the kitchen, shotgun at the ready.
>>
No. 882961 ID: 91ee5f

>>882958
Check all the beds. Be careful of the top right bed, just in case that’s not a pillow under the blanket.

>Vol
Oh no! Where’s Vol’s tail?! Did he somehow lose it?!

But seriously, tell Vol, “But there might be food in the kitchen! Whether the food is still edible or not remains to be seen.”
>>
No. 882966 ID: dbf422

>>882958
Well, we don't actually know how tough this is yet. We have enough supplies to take this situation on, and until we know if it's too dangerous, or we run low on supplies, we can risk it.

Bathroom first because it'll be a dead end.
>>
No. 882967 ID: dbf422

>>882966
Oh, right, thoroughly check this room first.
>>
No. 882980 ID: 8a947d
File 152570083447.png - (50.69KB , 647x826 , Scared.png )
882980

You: We can't leave now, I feel like we can still do this!

Vol: A-a-are ya sure? H-honestly I'd completely-y understand if ya wanted to leave! In fact, I'm saying it right now! We outta go home! Violin playin' don't sound to bad right about now!

Regardless of Vol, you enter the Kitchen.
>>
No. 882981 ID: 8a947d
File 152570127405.png - (174.70KB , 1212x826 , Bunker 4.png )
882981

The first thing you notice is the smell. The stink of rotting flesh and metallic blood float in the enclosed space and the vent's not working make it worse. The second thing you notice is the buzzing. Loud buzzing comes from the back of the room in the kitchen.

On the stove, a large pillar of what looks like blood and meat coagulated into solid jelly and wax stands stuck to the wall. Around the thing bugs buzz around nesting inside of the flesh hive. The hive blocks the vent above it.

There's a pot underneath the table and a lighter on top of it.

Vol: Jeez! This just gotta whole lot worse.
>>
No. 882985 ID: eeb7d9

Search the bedroom first. Unless we have some way to burn that thing, i say we better leave it alone.
Maybe we have to check the ventilation after all. All this is probably coming from there.
>>
No. 882986 ID: dbf422

I was hoping for some vent crawling ghoul not whatever the fuck this is. Though I think we can say that at least the meat is worthless. Try checking pantries for cans or other non-perishable food.
>>
No. 882987 ID: dbf422

>>882986
And hey, let's get that lighter
>>
No. 882988 ID: d3602f

Take the lighter, and go to the bathroom. I'm not sure I want to get too close to that thing.
>>
No. 882989 ID: 91ee5f

>>882981
For now, let’s grab the lighter and then leave. We’ll come back and deal with this thing later if we have to, but we don’t have to deal with it right now.

>Jeez! This just gotta whole lot worse.
Ask Vol if he knows what could’ve done this? Another demon or someone that really sucks at cooking?
>>
No. 882994 ID: b1b4f3

>>882981
Ask Vol if he's ever heard of demonic bees.
>>
No. 882995 ID: 8a947d
File 152571405367.png - (270.57KB , 1212x826 , Bunker 4 - 1.png )
882995

You grab the lighter off of the table. Still filled with a little fluid. You try going into the back of the kitchen past the bugs to check the cupboards. Before you can even get into the door you feel one of the bugs sting you on your finger. It hurts a little at first, but soon the pain becomes unbearable as the hot burning sensation grow more intense. You look down at your hand and see the flesh on your finger begin to rise up and bubble before popping with a high pitched hissing, steam leaves the wound as your hand begins to go numb.
>>
No. 882997 ID: 8a947d
File 152571443938.png - (329.79KB , 1212x826 , Bunker 4 - 2.png )
882997

You back away quickly from the door and Vol quickly takes his violin to play a few chords of music to slowly but surely heal your wound. After it's been dealt with you ask Vol what this could be.

Vol: Dat looks like a Lacerfly sting! I ain't never seen a full hive before though. You gotta stay away from them things or they can swarm ya and melt you down real quick!

Before you got forced out of the back you saw an old purse on the ground behind the counter past the hive. If you want it you need to get rid of the hive.
>>
No. 882998 ID: b1b4f3

Well, shotgun's not gonna work, that'll just piss off all the bees.

What you'd want to do is set it on fire somehow (without setting the entire room on fire and burning the loot) or make the entire room toxic. Well, you've got detergent... maybe you can find some other cleaning supplies and make a chemical bomb.

Check the bathroom.
>>
No. 882999 ID: 91ee5f

>>882997
I think we should leave the kitchen for now and come back later.

Let’s check out the bathroom.
>>
No. 883005 ID: eeb7d9

Nothing to here for now. Let's go to the bathroom.
>>
No. 883010 ID: ad51b8

well shit. Guess we can peek into the bathroom and the last room we saw and if we see any more shit like this it might actually be a good idea just to gtfo.
>>
No. 883026 ID: 3abd97

Thank Vol for the heal.

We should probably continue thus conversation with the hive behind a closed door from you.

Ask Vol if he knows any more about Lacerflies. Are they demonic? Known countermeasures?
>>
No. 883065 ID: 8a947d
File 152573918385.png - (104.41KB , 1212x826 , Bunker 5.png )
883065

You: Were those bugs demons?

Vol: Yup, some nasty fucker's. Your bindin' scrolls won't work on 'em, at least not all of em. It'll grab a clump of 'em but end up leaving the rest. They ain't too strong though, anythin' dat a normal bug would die to would work on a lacerfly.

You shake off the remnants of pain in your hand and exit the kitchen quietly to search the bathroom.

Shower stalls line either side of the walls, and the back of the room has bathroom stalls across it. to your left and right countertops with cupboards underneath them, possibly holding some more hygiene products.

In the middle of one of the halls of shower stalls, you see a bottle or something lying on the ground.
>>
No. 883070 ID: 240938

>>883065
Check out the bottle and hygiene products.
>>
No. 883072 ID: d3602f

>>883065
That looks like a gas canister. Definitely grab that.
>>
No. 883074 ID: b1b4f3

>>883065
Careful now. Could be something hostile in one of the stalls, so clear them individually instead of walking past them like a dope.
>>
No. 883080 ID: ad51b8

does it small like rot and death in here as well... or at least more so then none blood filled rooms? Also maybe give Vol a hug or a pat on the back or something. He looks pretty spooked right now.
>>
No. 883096 ID: 91ee5f

>>883065
>Vol
What’s he looking at? Is there something over there?

>To your left and right countertops with cupboards underneath them, possibly holding some more hygiene products.
Check those cupboards.

>In the middle of one of the halls of shower stalls, you see a bottle or something lying on the ground.
That looks a little suspicious.

Be careful, something could be waiting to jump out at you if you approach that bottle!
>>
No. 883100 ID: eeb7d9

Check on your pal there, it looks like he is having a bad time down here.
Walk with caution, check what ever you have near you first, leave the container for last.
>>
No. 883112 ID: dbf422

All you need is bleach and ammonia and you have chlorine gas, plenty enough for some bug demons. You can thank Silent Hill for that. Let's look for cleaning supplies and get on that first.
>>
No. 883122 ID: 240938

>>883112
All you need is spray deoderant and a lighter to make a flamethrower.
>>
No. 883131 ID: 73e624

A low end flamethrower ain’t gonna cut it.
>>
No. 883134 ID: 240938

>>883131
No, but it'll burn it.
>>
No. 883136 ID: dbf422

>>883122
So? Chlorine gas is probably going to do a better job of killing them, and won't set the bag we're trying to get on fire.
>>
No. 883138 ID: 240938

>>883136
I don't think it's a good idea to release toxic gas into the underground bunker we're currently exploring.
>>
No. 883139 ID: 91ee5f

>>883136
But the gas might kill Roland! Especially since the air vents are covered and unable to get rid of the gas in the room after it has killed the Lacerflys!

Even if we toss the gas bomb into the room and closed the door, there wouldn’t be a way to go back in without Roland having to hold his breath! And he’d have to close his eye to avoid getting chemical burns in it! Which means he’d be walking around blind in there!
>>
No. 883140 ID: 91ee5f

>>883138
Especially since the air vents are covered and unable to get rid of the gas after it’s done its job!
>>
No. 883141 ID: 8a947d
File 152575961426.png - (162.04KB , 1212x826 , Bunker 5-1.png )
883141

You put a hand on Vol's shoulder. He's freaking more than you are, and he's done this before. You don't know if this is a really bad situation, or if Vol's just like this everytime he went with dad to scavenge.

You check the cupboards, You find an old canister underneath. It says "Hair Spray" on it.

You creep towards the bottle on the ground with your shotgun in hand carefully checking each stall in case something's waiting inside one. As you reach the bottle you notice something in one of the stalls, what looks like the wrinkled body of some large insect. Upon closer inspection, you see it's the molted skin of a bug. A lacerfly.

Vol: T-They ain't 'sposed to get DAT big...

On the ground next to it, you see something. It looks like a keycard, there's a name on it. "Barry Wight".
>>
No. 883142 ID: 8a947d
File 152575968771.png - (239.58KB , 1212x826 , Inventory 2.png )
883142

You take stock of everything you have in your inventory and do another once over of the bathroom. You can't find anything else useful.
>>
No. 883145 ID: b1b4f3

Oh shit let's find it and use a binding scroll on it!

...so what was in the bottle on the ground?
>>
No. 883147 ID: 91ee5f

>>883141
>T-They ain't 'sposed to get DAT big...
I don’t think a Lacerfly grew that big. I think that used to be Barry Wight and he somehow mutated into that thing.

Which might explain how the ventilation got blocked, a really big bug made a really big hive and blocked the air vents. Which might mean the hive we saw in the kitchen is way bigger than it looks.

>keycard
That might open one of the locked lockers and/or the middle door in the ladder room.

>>883142
>full inventory
Looks like we can’t pick up anything new.

Looks like we’ve got 4 options:

1. Try the keycard on one of the locked lockers.

2. Try the keycard on the middle door in the ladder room.

3. Attempt burning the hive in the kitchen with a makeshift flamethrower using the hairspray and lighter.

4. Listen to Vol and run the fuck away!

>>883145
I’m not sure if that still counts as a lesser demon. Because if it isn’t, then we can’t catch it.
>>
No. 883148 ID: d3602f

>>883141
Go to the locker room, and try to use the card to open some of them. Also, listen to some sexy jazz music.
>>
No. 883151 ID: 8a947d
File 152576341054.png - (239.58KB , 1212x826 , Inventory 2.png )
883151

>>883145
The bottle you found next to the molted bug says Industrial Bleach.
>>
No. 883153 ID: 8a947d
File 152576578857.png - (75.14KB , 1212x826 , Bunker 2-3.png )
883153

>Binding the Lacerfly

You don't know if that'll work or not. You don't know if it's a "Lesser" demon or not.

>The Keycard on the locked door in the hub room

The keycard doesn't work on the door

>The Keycard on the lockers in the locker room.

You go down the line of lockers and pray you don't need to open the bloody one. Luckily the key card opens the locker next to it, inside you find a gas mask with a few spare filters which you take.
>>
No. 883156 ID: dbf422

>>883140
Well that seems like an important part that I clearly missed. Oh well.
>>
No. 883158 ID: dbf422

>>883153
But this seems like Providence. My plan is clearly the best one.
Get that mask on and get fumigating!
>>
No. 883196 ID: 91ee5f

>>883158
>My plan is clearly the best one.
Well, I wouldn’t say it’s the best, but it is a good idea.

>Get that mask on and get fumigating!
There’s a pot under one of the tables in the kitchen: >>882981 .

Let’s dump our chemicals into it and hope this plan works.
>>
No. 883197 ID: 73e624

So uhh, anybody know the exact science behind this gas we making or we just gonna dump, run, and wait for the best?
>>
No. 883201 ID: dbf422

>>883196
I know, I'm just exaggerating. Especially, considering how I had missed a crucial flaw earlier.

>>883197
Well, drawing on that Silent Hill logic, it's just dumping them together. I think they just need to touch to make chlorine gas, so the only important thing to consider is surface area, to allow the gas to escape. The pot idea should work.
>>
No. 883202 ID: eeb7d9

It's time to cook! A good pesticide. But we need to do it inside the ventilation in order to reach all the places where the hive is. Or at least at the entrance of a vent.
>>
No. 883213 ID: 240938

Bleach and ammonia react spontaneously, you just need to mix them. Standard gas masks don't filter chloramines, though.
>>
No. 883217 ID: 8a947d
File 152580017619.png - (185.49KB , 1212x826 , Thinking.png )
883217

>Getting rid of that hive.

You could mix chlorine gas to try and poison the flies in the hive, and then use the gas mask to protect yourself...wait, you remember your dad accidentally mixed chlorine gas once in the shed and his gas mask didn't do shit. Well...maybe you could just wear it to protect your face and eye and hold your breath as you rush to get whatever's back behind the kitchen counter? You're not sure how well that'll work though. That pot under the table should be good for mixing.

or You go with old-fashioned fire. This hairspray stuff says it's flammable and you do have a lighter, you could just burn your way through the bugs and incinerate the hive. Then grab everything before leaving. Either way, if the hive is bigger than you think then more will come through after you do this. It's just a temporary solution to getting the bag.

You wish you just had some normal pesticide...well gotta make do. What are you going to use ?
>>
No. 883219 ID: d3602f

>>883217
Grab the pot, put it in the vent, put the stuff inside then climb to the outside. Close the door so that the place can fill with the gas. After a reasonable amount of time has passed, open the hatch and let the place air out for a while.
>>
No. 883227 ID: cdd782

If you do turn the place into a gas chamber just do keep in mind to not have any exposed body parts yeah. The eyes and ears are very vulnerable.
>>
No. 883228 ID: eeb7d9

>>883227
That is what the mask is for then, to protect the face. If the bugs retaliate, we use fire while we escape.
>>
No. 883232 ID: 73e624

I dunno, judging from the way that masks looks, it would only help with the mouth and nose. Not the other fleshy bits.
>>
No. 883234 ID: 91ee5f

>>883217
Use the gas. Since the hive is blocking the air vent, it’ll prevent the gas from spreading to other rooms in the building.

If you start feeling sick, then Vol can heal you from being poisoned by whatever you accidentally breathed in, right?

>>883219
I don’t think gassing the entire building is necessary.

>>883227
Luckily, Roland’s eye is the only thing that’s exposed, the rest of his body is covered with bandages. So wearing the gas mask will protect his only exposed body part.
>>
No. 883245 ID: dc91a0

Gas. If you can find some water and a rag, soak it and put it over the breathing hole.

Thu gas will react with the water and form hydrochloric acid in the rag instead of in your lungs.

It won't last long, and you'll probably be coughing pretty bad until you get healed, but it should get you a few extra precious breaths.

Don't trust the fire. You don't know how much you have and that's a pretty anemic source.
>>
No. 883247 ID: 4d2d3a

Chlorine gas will spread and hurt you regardless. Skin contact with that shit hurts like a sonofabitch. I think fire is the best way to go.
>>
No. 883302 ID: d3602f

>>883247
We're covered in bandages, so we're somewhat protected against the gas. The fire? Might just end up burning our bandages off. I also kind of expect to fight a giant bug, so I want to save up on fuel for it.
>>
No. 883306 ID: dbf422

Gas. Though I suppose you could guess my answer at this point. Bandages will protect the skin long enough, and you can get the bag and get out in the time you have holding your breath. Flamethrower seems like an ace up your sleeve kinda thing.
>>
No. 883317 ID: dc91a0

The bandages are porous. We'd need to soak them to protect the skin at all.
>>
No. 883507 ID: 8a947d
File 152590859304.png - (198.21KB , 1212x826 , Gas, Gas, Gas_.png )
883507

You decide that using gas might be the best, if not a bit risky, solution for getting rid of those bugs for now. You put on the gas mask and hood to get ready.
>>
No. 883508 ID: 8a947d
File 152590876331.png - (197.01KB , 1212x826 , Gas, Gas, Gas 2.png )
883508

You sneak back inside of the kitchen and mix the bleach and detergent inside of the pot. After it's done you quickly exit the room and wait the gas to take effect.
>>
No. 883509 ID: 8a947d
File 152590888849.png - (250.09KB , 1212x826 , Bunker 4 - 3.png )
883509

After a while you re-enter with as much of your skin covered as possible and your gas mask on. You hurry around the counter and grab the bag on the ground before rushing out again.
>>
No. 883512 ID: 8a947d
File 152590908065.png - (212.69KB , 1212x826 , Bag.png )
883512

Parts of your skin are still tingling after being in the gas, but you should be fine. You check the tattered bag, Inside you find a Locker Keycard marked "Lucine Viera" and a Keycard marked "maintenance"
>>
No. 883514 ID: b1b4f3

Try to open the locker that wasn't opened before with the other keytag. Then the locked door.
>>
No. 883516 ID: dbf422

Locker, then progress, yeah. Get ready though, you stirred the metaphorical hornet's nest.
>>
No. 883520 ID: 91ee5f

>>883512
>Locker Keycard marked "Lucine Viera"
That’s the name of the lady that wrote the note we found earlier in the locker room.

>a Keycard marked "maintenance"
Now we can go through that middle door in the ladder room.

All right, first thing we should do is check out the locker. There’s only 2 lockers left, so we’ve got a 50/50 chance of this keycard opening the bloody locker. And if does open the bloody locker, have your shotgun ready.

After that, we’ll open that middle door in the ladder room and hope Roland and Vol are prepared for whatever the fuck is beyond that door.
>>
No. 883538 ID: eeb7d9

Open the locker first.
>>
No. 883542 ID: d3602f

>>883520
No, not the shotgun. If there are tons of lacer flies in there, it won't do anything. If we open the bloody locker, we ready the makeshift flamethrower.
>>
No. 883544 ID: 91ee5f

>>883542
If there were flies, they would be coming out of the openings on the lockers.
>>
No. 883545 ID: c1a624

>>883544
To be fair, though, no matter where the flies come from, the flamethrower would be more effective. Except against the very big one.
>>
No. 883562 ID: 8a947d
File 152592059909.png - (141.48KB , 1212x826 , Bunker 2-4.png )
883562

You return to the locker room, the keycard opens the locker closest to the entrance. Inside there's a few empty pill bottles and a weird device, there's writing on a scratched sticker on the side of the thing. It says "BWD85 Battery"
>>
No. 883563 ID: 8a947d
File 152592136930.png - (85.10KB , 1212x826 , Bunker 6-1.png )
883563

You take the Maintenance Key and use it to open the locked door. You enter the room and find it is much darker than the other rooms in the bunker. The lights here don't seem to work at all like in the last rooms.
>>
No. 883564 ID: b1b4f3

Good thing you have that crank-powered flashlight. Time to break it out.
>>
No. 883567 ID: 166e1c

Is your flashlight still compatible with batteries?
If you got time to spend check the voltage of the BWD85 Battery. In case it's too hight you will need resistances. Might not be possible to do, but if it work you will free one hand and will be less noisy.
>>
No. 883570 ID: eeb7d9

How good is your night vision Vol?
>>
No. 883573 ID: 91ee5f

>>883562
>BWD85 Battery
>>883563
>no lights
I bet you’ll find a generator down here that battery will fit into. Then you just put in the battery and the lights will turn on.

But for now, pull out your crank powered flashlight and get to cranking.

>Vol
Vol might calm down a little if he gets on your back. That’ll at least prevent you guys from getting separated from each other in the dark.
>>
No. 883579 ID: 91e08c

Use flashlight, be ready run out door if you see something scary
>>
No. 883594 ID: 8a947d
File 152593238044.png - (160.03KB , 1212x826 , Bunker 6-2.png )
883594

Vol: Off course we had ta get da one dangerous job on your first run. Athmor forbid we ge a fuckin' easy scavenging run...

Vol climbs on your back again

>>883567
You have no convenient way of connecting the battery you found to your flashlight. Your flashlight should be good on its own for now though.

You give the crank a few good quick turns and turn on the flashlight. You make out a monitor and sofa in the corner, some sort of terminal next to you, a table with somethings on it, and a door to another room, along with some blood on the ground in front of it of course.
>>
No. 883597 ID: d3602f

>>883594
Maybe we could strip the tv for parts to sell. Oh, and did we remember to check the ceiling?
>>
No. 883598 ID: 91e08c

Look above you, I refuse to be one of those horror movie victims that bite it because they didn’t look up
>>
No. 883602 ID: b1b4f3

Do a sweep with the flashlight over the entire room. Including the ceiling.
>>
No. 883604 ID: 8a947d
File 152593469559.png - (132.60KB , 1212x826 , Bunker 6-3.png )
883604

>>883597
It definitely looks like something that has some nice electronic parts to it. Scrapping that could be a good idea. Hopefully there are more things worth taking apart in this part of the bunker or you'd be here for no reason.

You check the ceiling to be safe, there's a vent with it's edges covered in more of that bloody meat jelly. As you shine your light on it you see something scuttle into the vent but don't get a clear look at it before it disappears. It's a good reminder to you to keep your shotgun ready.
>>
No. 883613 ID: 91ee5f

>>883604
Hey, that terminal next to you is a video game! That would have some good parts in it!

>saw something
Well if you saw it, then that was probably the big bug that Barry Wight mutated into.

Let’s check the things on the table, I think there was a clipboard there. If you can find any information that could possibly explain what was going on here, that might help prepare you for what you might find further in the building.
>>
No. 883616 ID: dbf422

Right, if the generator suggestion is accurate, you want to strip the arcade cabinet before you turn on the power in here. Those things are lethal with electricity running through them. I'd start with that, before anything else.
>>
No. 883617 ID: 91ee5f

>>883616
Or we could just unplug it and come back to strip it after the power is turned back on.

It’ll be safer to strip it if we’re not in complete darkness and we can see any danger that might try to attack while we’re stripping things.
>>
No. 883621 ID: dc91a0

Inspect plant in glass.
>>
No. 883633 ID: 8a947d
File 152594347109.png - (187.21KB , 1212x826 , Bunker 6-4.png )
883633

>Plant
First, you check the plant and clipboard on the table. Inside of the glass is what looks like a healthy little green sapling. Next to it is a clipboard with some notes on it. Most of it doesn't seem very important. Dates and times along with the results of what looks like tests that mostly return "inconclusive", until you get to the end and see one that looks interesting. The note reads...

Date: 7/12/2120 Time: 3:32 AM Researcher: Lucine Viera

Subject: B-3

Results: SuccessFailure

Notes: Subjects B-3 is one (1) prunus persica tree sapling (peach tree). When subject B-3's seed was exposed to the Eden serum it's growth rate skyrocketed. B-3 managed to grow in soil that would otherwise be unsuitable for it to live in. For the time being it is being kept in a stasis capsule for further study later on. Do not expose Subject B-3 to air.


You take the plant with and make a mental note to be careful with it.

>Salvage the Television and Arcade machine
Do you want to do that in the dark? There's gotta be someway to restore power so you'll have more light to work with. Then again you still have a flashlight so you can do it., it just might be easier with more light. Still, it might be better to take the scrap sooner than later. It's up to you really.
>>
No. 883638 ID: 91e08c

Find a way to restore power so it will be harder for something to sneak up on you. Maybe we’ll get lucky and it will clear the ventilation system for us so you can scavge in peace.
>>
No. 883660 ID: eeb7d9

The only thing that troubles me if that if we manage to turn the power on again, we might disturb something that we don't want to disturb.
>>
No. 883665 ID: 91ee5f

>>883638
This.
>>
No. 883666 ID: dbf422

>>883660
That's the other half of my concern. If we get it scrapped before we're attacked, we could always run if overwhelmed.
>>
No. 883701 ID: 8a947d
File 152598793764.png - (192.80KB , 1212x826 , Bunker 6-5.png )
883701

You decide to Scavenge the monitor and terminal now rather than later.it's the whole reason you came here so you might as well get it done quickly. You hand the flashlight to Vol and tell him to keep watch for anything trying to ambush you.

From both the terminal and the monitor you manage to pull plenty of screws, bolts, wires, wood, motherboards and other computer parts from them. Quite an impressive haul, you could sell a lot of it or use it to build things. With everything you have here you definetly have enough to make something, but that can wait until later you still need to get this stuff home.

Vol: 'Ey Rol dat's enough ain't it? can't we get outta here now?
>>
No. 883702 ID: b1b4f3

Hmm... yes. Let's go.
>>
No. 883708 ID: 91ee5f

>>883701
Yeah, let’s go.

We can come back some other day for anything that’s further in, after we’ve stocked up on things we need to kill whatever’s down here.
>>
No. 883713 ID: 91ee5f

>>883708
Also, ask Vol why he’s so scared? If anything attacks us, he can just zap it with his magic! And then you’ll finish it off with your shotgun!
>>
No. 883714 ID: d3602f

>>883701
Sure, but let's come back soon. With the money from these parts we might be able to buy something with a little more firepower, and hopefully something that could help if we run into more of those flies.
>>
No. 883735 ID: eeb7d9

>>883714
True. There might be more stuff to scavenge in here. And besides, I am really curious about what they were doing in here. Especially this this plant sample that we found. It might me very important, we do live en a desertic weastland after all. Thsi could be a huge finding.
>>
No. 883738 ID: 8a947d
File 152600069428.png - (234.75KB , 1212x826 , Exit.png )
883738

You: Fine, let's get out of here. We can sell these parts and get more supplies to come back later.

Vol: Later!? You wanna come back again?

You: Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's more stuff here to get. What are you so scared of anyway? I thought you could just zap stuff with demon magic or something.

Vol: I don't know what ya think I can do, but my songs are limited to healin' small wounds and makin' barriers. I don't "zap stuff". Also, I ain't scared I'm just....jittery. It's real dark down here and imps got bad night-vision.

Vol: Let's just get outta here alright?
>>
No. 883739 ID: 8a947d
File 152600076215.png - (238.70KB , 1212x826 , Exit 2.png )
883739

As you walk to the exit you hear something loud and heavy hit the ground behind you. Loud buzzing and chittering fills the air.
>>
No. 883742 ID: dbf422

>>883739
It can fly, so if we tried to escape, it'd just knock us off the ladder out. So, toss the flashlight to Vol and drop the bag, time to use that shotgun.
>>
No. 883744 ID: b1b4f3

Time for a barrier! Keep that bug away from your tender flesh!
>>
No. 883745 ID: eeb7d9

>>883742
>>883744
We can't make Vol do both things at once. He will have to either make a barrier or hold the flashlight.
>>
No. 883747 ID: b1b4f3

>>883745
Well just leave the flashlight on the ground then.
>>
No. 883748 ID: 240938

>>883747
It's crank operated. It won't shine if dropped.
>>
No. 883749 ID: d3602f

>>883739
Try the flamethrower, maybe we can burn it's wings off.
>>
No. 883754 ID: 91ee5f

>>883739
Have Vol make a barrier!

When it’s up, ask if you can still shoot things through it. If you can, then you can flamethrower the bug while the barrier is still up.

If you can’t shoot through the barrier, don’t use the flamethrower because you’ll just burn yourself!

>>883748
The flashlight isn’t currently being cranked right now and it’s still on.
>>
No. 883764 ID: dc91a0

You know what it is. Scroll now!
>>
No. 883767 ID: dbf422

>>883745
I guess putting it on the ground would work. Not as well, though. But we need the barrier for enough time to get armed so that's what needs to happen.

>>883748
Crank flashlights work by building up and storing a charge with the crank, so as long as it's been cranked recently it'll last for awhile.
>>
No. 883768 ID: dbf422

>>883754
The shotgun is a better idea for large enemies. Not that flames wouldn't hurt, but they're better suited for if we get swarmed. We can always switch to the flamethrower if we run out of shotgun shells.
>>
No. 883799 ID: 8a947d
File 152603547560.png - (359.46KB , 1212x826 , Old Fashioned Pesticide 1.png )
883799

You twist around quick and before the Giant Lacerfly can reach you fire both shots of your double barrel into the creature's midsection killing it instantly [8 Shells => 6 Shells]. These bigger ones aren't so tough against a shotgun.

Vol: We definitely need ta get da hell outta here! Now!
>>
No. 883800 ID: 8a947d
File 152603563928.png - (224.54KB , 1212x826 , Old Fashioned Pesticide 2.png )
883800

As you head for the exit, two more Giant Lacerflies squeeze through the doors and block your path.
>>
No. 883801 ID: ad51b8

They're bottle necked, Finish them with a shotgun blast. If you need to reload have Vol try and hold them in the doorway with a barrier to buy time.
>>
No. 883805 ID: 91ee5f

>>883800
Barrier, reload, shoot them!
>>
No. 883806 ID: eeb7d9

>>883805
Liking this plan!
>>
No. 883811 ID: dbf422

>>883801
Good plan!
>>
No. 883872 ID: 8a947d
File 152609849357.png - (335.39KB , 1212x826 , Old Fashioned Pesticide 3.png )
883872

Vol creates a barrier around you so you can safely reload your shotgun, by the time you're finished reloading the Lacerflies have gotten out of the doorway and begin to surround you.

Vol: I gotta drop the barrier if you wanna shoot 'em!
>>
No. 883873 ID: 8a947d
File 152609877990.png - (230.54KB , 1212x826 , Old Fashioned Pesticide 4.png )
883873

Vol drops the barrier and you dash away from the spot before either of the flies can get you. You shoot behind you as you dash away but your shot misses and you end up blowing a hole into a weak wall. You might have hit a pipe or something, you smell gas.

The doors and the vent above begin to fill with the sound of loud buzzing, more Lacerflies are on their way.
>>
No. 883874 ID: 8a947d
File 152609906656.png - (131.82KB , 1212x826 , Old Fashioned Pesticide 5.png )
883874

While you rack your brain on what to do next and reload your gun Vol grabs your attention. He shows you what looks like maintenance hatch underneath the table you missed in the darkness. It doesn't sound like there's any buzzing coming from it, but you're not sure if it's the best place to retreat to. There are still the doors across from you leading deeper into maintenance too.
>>
No. 883877 ID: b1b4f3

Gas? Hmm. If only you could safely ignite the gas from inside the hatch. Tempting to light some paper on fire and hope it doesn't explode until you're in the hatch.
>>
No. 883878 ID: dbf422

Well, thanks to the gas, firing the shotgun became a bit of a crapshoot, and the flamethrower is right out. Unless... Talk me out of it if this will definitely backfire, but if you let the gas fill the room, set it off with fire, and jump into the maintenance shaft, would that be suitably daring and not too suicidal?
>>
No. 883884 ID: 91ee5f

>>883874
Into the hatch we go!
>>
No. 883885 ID: 90f3c0

Get in the hatch. Even if you run into more flies down there, you'll have a much easier time fighting them in a a confined space.
>>
No. 883888 ID: 8a947d
File 152610787002.png - (125.22KB , 1212x826 , Down the Hatch 1.png )
883888

You jump down the hatch and quickly close it behind you. The sound of buzzing quickly fills the room above you. the hatch tunnel is dimly lit running, most likely running on reserve power that can't reach the maintenance room for some reason. The rest of the hatch is closed off with a jammed hatch you can't open. It looks like these tunnels are used for engineers to reach deeper parts of the bunker safely. Inside there's a roll of duct tape and what looks like some sort of mechanical disk, on the side it says Auto-vac. It still has batteries in it. You shouldn't forget that the gas above you is still spreading too.

Vol: Well dis is just perfect, I bet it woulda been safer if we went demon huntin'.
>>
No. 883895 ID: 05ff2f

Pocket the duct tape and batteries from the Auto-Vac, then check its collection bin on the off chance it sucked up something of value.

I have a tentative idea, but it hinges on how Vol's barrier would behave if he created it in here and you opened the hatch. Would it flow out of the gap like a bubble, pushing the bugs away, or would it form a dome over the hatch's position? If it's the former, wait a bit for the gas to spread, then Vol can create a barrier, you crack the hatch open just enough for the barrier to spread over a small area of the adjacent floor, then put a small burning object there before slamming the hatch shut; A makeshift tinder plug made of duct tape, some of your bandages and a bit of paper would do. Once the barrier isn't keeping the gas at bay, that flame will touch the whole room off in a explosion, hopefully burning all the Lacerflies to death. Run this idea by Vol and get his two cents.

However, if Vol's barrier would form a dome over the hatch, it likely would trap a number of Lacerflies on your side of the barrier. A single big one you could handle, but a bunch of smaller ones would sting you more than Vol's healing could counter. And if you tried the hair spray flamethrower trick to clear 'em out it would probably ignite the gas and burn you up before you can get the hatch closed.

Also, if this tunnel has even a little ventilation connection up into the area with the gas, then this plan is a no go. The gas explosion would blow in here as well. So look all over in here make sure there's no ventilation out. There probably isn't since the Lacerflies haven't nested in here, but better safe than sorry.

Oh, and if you go through with this plan idea, put on the gas mask if you still have a good filter for it. There's gonna be a lot of smoke out there once you crack that hatch to leave and the gas mask will help a lot. Shame you don't have anything to cover your eye too.

I'm still not sure on this idea. There's quite a bit that could go wrong, from the gas explosion being so big it deforms the hatch so it's stuck shut, to the flames heating up this can 'till y'all cook alive, to heavy debris landing on the hatch and trapping you. I think there could be another way, but I dunno what. Maybe someone else has a better idea? And better do a inventory check. See what we have to work with right now.
>>
No. 883898 ID: dbf422

Let's just get moving deeper into the maintenance area. Hopefully we can find a way to loop back to the entrance.
>>
No. 883924 ID: eeb7d9

We could use the gas leak on our advantage later, But right now it seams pretty riscky. Besides, my instincts Tell me that there might be more things to loot or find here. We might actually be able to finish off the hive problem. Let's keep going through the vent.
>>
No. 883941 ID: 91ee5f

>>883895
>Shame you don't have anything to cover your eye too.
The gas mask covers his entire face, including his eye. See here: >>883153 , it’s got an eye shield on it.

>>883898
>>883924
>Keep going through the tunnel.
Pay attention! Roland said that there’s a jammed hatch he can't open. Roland and Vol are stuck in here!
>>
No. 883942 ID: eeb7d9

Wait, so there are only two exits and one of them is jammed?
Alright, might as well blow up the room and cross your fingers so we don't get torched in the process.
>>
No. 883943 ID: dbf422

>>883941
Oh, I got confused and thought the explanation of the tunnels was a separate direction.

Yup, crack open the hatch, have Vol activate the flamethrower for as little time as possible, then pull that hatch closed HARD.
>>
No. 883947 ID: b1b4f3

>>883888
Does the disk fit onto the "jammed" hatch?
>>
No. 883960 ID: 05ff2f

Okay, wait, before you go doing the risky plan of setting the gas on fire, examine the jammed hatch. What is causing it to be jammed? Are there any maintenance panels on it you can open? Is it missing anything? Do you think you could fix it? Alternatively, could you take it apart enough for you or Vol to slip through?

>>883947
That disk is a Auto-Vac. I doubt it'll fit in the jammed hatch to open it... Wait... How did this Auto-Vac get in here? It can't climb or twist open the hatch above, right? Maybe someone put it down here, but it doesn't make sense to have it just clean this short tunnel segment. So, maybe the "jammed" hatch opens automatically to let the Auto-Vac pass.

Roland, before you try anything else, put the batteries back in the Auto-Vac, turn it on and set it down next to the jammed hatch. If you're lucky, that hatch will open to let the Auto-Vac through. ...Though, you have no idea if the area beyond is part of the Lacerfly nest, so maybe opening it would be really unlucky. I dunno. Can you hear buzzing through the jammed hatch if you put your ear to it?
>>
No. 884207 ID: 8a947d
File 152626886670.png - (115.06KB , 1212x826 , Down the Hatch 2.png )
884207

>Vol's Barrier

Vol explains that his song Alto Aegis doesn't create a malleable barrier, he can make it as small as he can fit in and only a bit bigger than you. The only things that can pass through his barrier are him and things he brings along, that's why he needed to drop it before so you could fire your gun.

You pick up the duct tape and the auto vac. You end up having to tuck your shotgun into your belt to keep all of it. You need to get a holster for this before it goes off on your leg.

>>883960
You tug at the hatch, give it a few kicks, but nothing. You can't open it with any effort on this side of the tunnel. Something on the opposite side seems to keep it shut, nothing you can do about that. You assume someone from a long time ago brought the auto-vac down here, maybe it fell while working and the hatch was open? The auto-vac doesn't react with the jammed hatch, maybe it would if the hatch weren't broken.
>>
No. 884208 ID: 8a947d
File 152626899049.png - (210.47KB , 1212x826 , Light Up My Life.png )
884208

>Blow the room

You have Vol create a barrier and open the hatch from its safety. You hand him the lighter you found and he chucks it in the direction of the gas leak. Vol quickly shuts the hatch afterward...
>>
No. 884209 ID: 8a947d
File 152626933976.png - (600.15KB , 1212x826 , Light Up My Life 2.png )
884209

You hear the large explosion and feel the heat from inside the tunnel. The loud buzzing from before stops, when you exit the room is scorched and small fires cover the walls and floors. The door out is blown open and won't close anymore, but the door deeper into maintenance has been warped shut from the heat. Though all of the Lacerflies are dead you can still hear buzzing in far-off parts of the bunker, you'd best hurry out of here.
>>
No. 884212 ID: 8a947d
File 152626956270.png - (108.23KB , 1212x826 , Light Up My Life 3.png )
884212

You climb out of the bunker and back onto the surface. You've collected a nice bag full of salvage and haven't been hurt too bad aside from a little melted flesh which was quickly healed. It could've been much worse really. Vol's breathing heavily clinging to your back.

Vol: Dammit we can't have one easy job can we Marshal?
>>
No. 884214 ID: d3602f

>>884212
Most of dad's jobs turn out like this? What happened to "it's usually safe"? Anyway, we have to get this stuff to a shop. Know any trustworthy shopkeepers who won't try to stiff us?
>>
No. 884216 ID: e5c658

>>884212
I dunno, this one seemed pretty simple.
>>
No. 884217 ID: 91e08c

Maybe we’ll find something more peaceful if we give playing the violin in town for some spare cash. Of course now that I said that we’ll probably attract someone or something that would whisk us away on some crazy death defying journey.
>>
No. 884218 ID: b1b4f3

>>884212
No problem hahaha
>>
No. 884220 ID: 91ee5f

>>884212
Well, now that we’re out, let’s hop on the Skipper and head into town to sell this stuff!
>>
No. 884224 ID: eeb7d9

Wow, that was awesome! You and dad did this all the time? No wonder he always looked tired as hell when he came back.
You know, this might be dangerous, but I cannot deny that it makes me feel great. I haven't felt alive like now before. This was really exiting. Good to clear your head too. I almost ignore the fact that you called me by my dad's name. Are we that similar? He was much taller than me though.
>>
No. 884226 ID: 8a947d
File 152627774646.png - (248.65KB , 1212x826 , Mission Success.png )
884226

You: Did...You just call me Marshal?

Vol: Huh? Oh right uh...sorry 'bout that, it just sorta slipped out. You are a lot like him though. You always reminded me of your old man but when I saw ya turn without hesitation and blast that Lacerfly point blank, I don't know...the fact dat we got outta was pretty crazy too.

You: I don't know, seemed pretty simple. It could have been a lot worse and it was actually kinda exciting too, I wasn't sure we'd make it out of there.

Vol: You say shit like dat too, ya sound just like ya pops when you say things like almost gettin' melted and blowin' shit ups "simple". I swear it was a wonder he lived as long as he did. Anyway, we outta head into Dawnsprings to sell dis crap. Your pops and I always went ta dis freaky little shop at da center a' town if we need ta get rid 'a extra scrap, da guy dat runs it's kinda scary but he ain't a liar and he's got some interestin' stuff ta sell sometimes.

You: Or I could keep it. There's definitely some stuff I can build out of all of this.

Vol: Can ya build more food? Cus if ya can't we'd better sell it. Or we can go play violin for money anyway, sorta defeats da purpose 'a riskin' our lives. There's a bar not too far from dat shop ya dad popped in on every once in a while, I'm sure they wouldn't mind havin' some music.
>>
No. 884228 ID: 91ee5f

>>884226
Yeah, we might as well go sell this stuff.

.....hey, what’s up with the Skipper‘s eyes? They’re little Xs instead of pupils like they were earlier.
>>
No. 884229 ID: d3602f

>>884226
We don't have to sell all the stuff. We'll go to the shop and see what he's willing to pay. I'm not even sure what we could make with the parts we got. Mechanical parts could be useful in a gun, but electronics? We could buy some gun parts from him though. It would also be simple enough to go to the bar afterwards if we feel we have the time.
>>
No. 884258 ID: ad51b8

how much money do you need anyways to survive? If you want I would say sell enough to make sure you can live for another week and hope you still have some stuff left to tinker with then try to make a few extra dollars by playing at the bar if you got the time. If nothing else it might help calm down Vol after that little adventure you two just had.
>>
No. 884270 ID: dbf422

Get to town, see if you get any ideas of what you could immediately use the scrap for. If there's nothing you could benefit from right now, sell it. You need food, and to stock up, not to carry around junk until it's useful.
>>
No. 884272 ID: eeb7d9

We should see what we should sell and what we should keep. And i don't dislike the idea of playing some music too. And if we get some coin for it, better. We could do both, is not like we have anything better to do anyway.
>>
No. 884370 ID: 05ff2f

I think keeping parts that can be used to repair the Skipper on the Skipper would be a good idea. It's currently your only mode of transport besides walking and its eye having a "X" through it is giving me the feeling its gonna die on you at a bad time.
>>
No. 884418 ID: 8a947d
File 152639331550.png - (239.59KB , 1212x826 , Dawnsprings Gate.png )
884418

>Skipper's Eye

That's just how you painted it, the left eye's normal and the right eye's exed out for obvious reasons.

You: Let's sell enough to at least buy things for the week. I can't think of anything off the bat but I know I can use this stuff for something.

Vol: You's just a packrat ain't ya ?

You: Maybe. If we need more cards we can always play violin for em, the day's still young.

Vol: I'm just sayin' food's more important than carryin' around junk.

You: Junk can go from just junk to useful valuables quickly you know!

You approach the gates of Dawnsprings, You wave at the guards above the doors who open it up to let you in. The man at the front gate desk gives you a once over and eye's Vol.

Desk Guard: All clear, Keep an eye on yer demon.

Vol: Jeez ya say dat everytime I come through here.

Desk Guard: I mean it everytime too.
>>
No. 884419 ID: 8a947d
File 152639366359.png - (492.97KB , 1212x826 , Lila Palast 1.png )
884419

A small struggling town kept afloat by the effort of its farmers, traders, and the small water purification at its center. Your dad decided to build the house not too close to it but not too far either, always said he favored his privacy. Of course, that rule never applied to family.

You follow Vol's directions through town and to the shop. The Lila Palast, an odd name for a store but if the guy that runs it is trustworthy then you've got nothing to worry about.
>>
No. 884420 ID: 8a947d
File 152639402895.png - (441.54KB , 1212x826 , Lila Palast 2.png )
884420

Inside you're greeted with an odd but not unpleasant smell of motor oil and metal. You've gotten used to that scent and it makes you feel right at home. The walls of the shop are lined with shelves filled with scavenged tools and junk. Some shelves even hold what looks like strange pieces of jewelry and the odd bold of fabric or two.

There's nobody at the front desk though. The sign out front said the shop was open...
>>
No. 884421 ID: 8a947d
File 152639406687.png - (118.54KB , 1212x826 , Lila Palast 3.png )
884421

Maybe the owners in the back or upstairs? There's no bell to ring so you can't-
>>
No. 884422 ID: 8a947d
File 152639432215.png - (284.36KB , 1212x826 , Lila Palast 4.png )
884422

???: Hallo!

You: Guh!

???: Oh! I'm sorry to haf startled you. I vas just sorting infentory up stairs.
>>
No. 884426 ID: d3602f

>>884422
Geeze, do you have to sort inventory while on the ceiling? Anyway, we've scavenged some electronics that we're interested in selling.
>>
No. 884427 ID: dc91a0

How do you keep your bangs glued to your head like that?
>>
No. 884429 ID: eeb7d9

Scaring your customers to death is not a good business practice, ma'am.
Is... Is that Ada?
>>
No. 884435 ID: dbf422

"AAAAA HELLO. Er, I mean hi. How's it going up there? On the ceiling? ... I'd like to sell some scrap, maybe use that to trade for something you're selling."
>>
No. 884436 ID: b1b4f3

Where's Vol?
>>
No. 884442 ID: dbf422

>>884436
Probably in the cloak
>>
No. 884445 ID: 91ee5f

>>884422
Introduce yourself and attempt to give her a handshake while she’s upside down.

Then explain that you’re here to sell some things that you managed to scavenge.
>>
No. 884491 ID: ad51b8

introduce self, see how much you can sell your junk for, make polite conversation since this fine young shopkeep is probably going to be what makes you most of your cash for the foreseeable future so probably best to get on their good side now rather then later.
>>
No. 884519 ID: 8a947d
File 152643507169.png - (306.93KB , 1212x826 , Lila Palast 5.png )
884519

>Vol

He was just sort of screwing around the shop out of view.

You: Checking inventory?...on the ceiling?

???: Vell, Ze shelfs go up pretty high. I hafe to climb up zere if I vant to get all of it right. But, I feel like you are not here to talk about how I manage my stock.

She sets herself back on the ground. Now that she's right side up you notice her extra set of arms and spider-like abdomen. Makes sense that she was hanging upside down from her shop, she's a mutant.

Ada: My name is Ada, welcome to ze Lila Palast. How can I help you today ?

Vol: Wait a minute I thought dis place was run by dat big guy.

Ada: Ah! You must mean my older brother? Sadly, he has left for Solitude a month ago. I hafe been in charge efer since.

Ada walks around and settles herself behind the front desk.
>>
No. 884522 ID: 8a947d
File 152643657993.png - (193.73KB , 1212x826 , Lila Palast 6.png )
884522

You through up the salvage bag onto the counter and sort through what you have. The arcade parts are mostly wood, metal, computer parts, and a monitor. The television is the same minus the wooden bits. You also still have the auto-vac and the BWD85 Battery too, they could probably sell for something.

Ada looks over everything and sets some prices

BWD85 Battery: 150C

Arcade Parts: 120C

Television Parts: 100C

Auto-vac: 25C

You can also sell have the parts of each at half the price.
>>
No. 884524 ID: d3602f

>>884522
The only part I can see being useful is the battery. Keep the battery, sell everything else. Perhaps check if she has anything interesting in store while we're here. We may be in need of more bullets for our gun.
>>
No. 884525 ID: dbf422

Sell everything but the battery. I'm with Vol on hording stuff for now.
>>
No. 884528 ID: 91ee5f

>>884522
Keep the battery, sell everything else.

Then check and see what she can sell to you.
>>
No. 884535 ID: 094652

Ask Ada if she's willing to trade parts for parts. Your old buggy needs repairs, for instance.
>>
No. 884537 ID: d3602f

>>884535
The Skipper is fine.
>>
No. 884540 ID: dc91a0

Yeah keep the battery. You never know when you might need to juice something up in an old ruin.
>>
No. 884569 ID: 3583d1

definitely keep the battery and sell the rest, we can find other uses for it. Maybe even take a look around the shop see if she has something that we can use the battery on?
>>
No. 884573 ID: 05ff2f

Since everyone is choosing to keep the battery I'm just gonna elaborate on that. Better get the battery's charge level tested to make sure it's not flat, find out if its a rechargeable and if so what kind of charger it needs and also ask what this type of battery is commonly used in.
>>
No. 884585 ID: 8a947d
File 152645887315.png - (201.15KB , 1212x826 , Money.png )
884585

As much as you'd love to use what you'd found to tinker and build things, it's better that you have money in your pocket. You sell everything sans the big battery, Ada takes all of it behind the counter and pulls up your money. You check the stack and count through the cards, it all adds up. You have a nice 220 in Cards, bit less than half of a full deck.

Now that you have some money you decide to see what Ada's selling

>Ammo

Ada sells a few bullets but most of them seem to be junk rounds. She's not a weapons dealer so the selection isn't very wide. You could buy some surplus shotguns shells if you want to save money, but they tend to be poor quality, low damage, no kick shells that can jam and possibly break your gun if you're unlucky. One surplus shell costs 5C and one regular shell costs 20C.

You notice some better quality looking shells behind Ada's desk. When you ask her about them she tells you they're called Pop Rockets, half shotgun slug half grenade, They cost 50C. Ada warns you, however, that with your junk shotgun they could be dangerous.

>>884573

You ask Ada about the Battery. She checks the charge by hooking it up to a small device, it's got an 82% Charge. She doesn't know much more about it aside from that.

>Vehicle Parts

Your Skipper is fine, but you feel like it could be better. It's not very fast next to a car, it isn't very durable, and since it leaves you so exposed you're not very protected while you ride it either. Really you only use since it's your only choice. Ada does have a few parts that could help you make the Skipper better but they're pretty expensive. The most affordable parts she has can help the Skipper move faster and reworks the leg motors to allow it to jump and survive long falls, but it costs 200C

You can't forget the whole reason you sold this salavge was to feed yourself too.
>>
No. 884586 ID: 91e08c

Get food first, then if you have some spare cards buy 2 normal shells to replace the ones you used earlier. Then hit bar.
>>
No. 884589 ID: 094652

>Cards as currency
Spend them faster than you can flush them down the drain! But seriously who backs the economy

>Junk Ammo
Buy some, and craft yourself some Shoddy Shotguns - basically, make one-time sawed-offs that you can draw, fire, and throw away.

>Pop Rockets
Those are notoriously unreliable without expensive guidance systems. Grenades are more efficient.

>Vehicle parts
Maybe after a quest.
>>
No. 884604 ID: 91ee5f

>>884585
Eh, don’t buy anything yet.

Go get food first, then if you’ve got some money left over, come back and buy 2 regular shotgun shells.
>>
No. 884610 ID: dbf422

>>884589
I mean what's next, bottle caps?

>>884585
Definitely get two shotgun shells right now. Shotgun shells get you scrap, which gets you cards, which gets you food. You do not ever want to be caught with a deficit.
>>
No. 884613 ID: 3583d1

We need to make sure we have food first. Better go check the local market (I assume it’s brought in by farmers) and assess the prices there. Depending on whether or not we have enough we can always come back.
>>
No. 884618 ID: b1b4f3

>>884585
Stock up on food first, then see what you've got for spending money.
>>
No. 884622 ID: d3602f

>>884585
Buy 2 regular shells to offset the bullets we lost.
>>
No. 884630 ID: eeb7d9

I am going to go with food first. Also, why cards as currency? What is the deal with that?
>>
No. 884636 ID: 91ee5f

>>884630
>Also, why cards as currency?
Why not? It’s not any weirder than using bottle caps as money in Fallout.

>What is the deal with that?
>deal
I see what you did there.
>>
No. 884649 ID: eeb7d9

>>884636
Oh shit, i actually didn't notice! You could say that was a lucky hand... i'm going to stop now.
>>
No. 884669 ID: 05ff2f

Buy four regular shotgun shells to replace the ones you used, then use the rest to buy food and anything else you need to live back home. Buy a hot meal and take a rest before you head back too. You need to buy water or water purification supplies as well?

Take that sapling in the sealed container out and show it to Ada, making sure she knows to not open it. Ask her if there's anyone she knows of that may be interested in something like this. I suspect that it was dosed with the same compound that made those giant Lacerflies and exposure to the air will make it grow huge and mutate in nasty ways.

Also ask if she knows anyone with a cutting torch that'd be willing to team up with you to go down into a Lacerfly infested hole in the ground for a cut of loot and salvage. If you can get someone that can slice open that maintenance door that was warped in the explosion there's probably more loot and salvage down there, and this time you'll be able to prepare to face those Lacerflies.
>>
No. 884712 ID: 8a947d
File 152655152643.png - (143.22KB , 1212x826 , Lila Palast 7.png )
884712

You order two regular shells for your shotgun leaving you at 180 worth of Cards.

>Why Cards?
You've heard that the fuel traders that established big settlements like Solitude took up the use of old world playing cards as currency since they were hard to find and make. You're not sure how true that is but these cards buy you food so you want more of them.

>The sapling
You give Ada the plant sapling and warn her about why she can't let it out of the capsule. You tell her everything you know about it. She inspects the sapling carefully.

Ada: Sounds interesting! I don't zink I could buy it wizout knowing anyzing else about it, but I could definitely look at it for you if you vanted.
>>
No. 884717 ID: eeb7d9

>>884712
Will it be safe with her?
You know of someone who can know what to do with this?
>>
No. 884718 ID: d3602f

>>884712
Yeah, we don't expect you to buy it. Right now, we're more curious just what's important about it. The notes said something about it being able to grow in bad soil, but apparently something really bad happens if we expose it to air.
>>
No. 884746 ID: b1b4f3

Yes, an informed analysis of the plant would be nice.
>>
No. 884749 ID: dbf422

Know of anyone who knows plants or oddities?
>>
No. 884767 ID: 91ee5f

>>884712
>Sounds interesting! I don't zink I could buy it wizout knowing anyzing else about it, but I could definitely look at it for you if you vanted.
Only if you let me look at it with you. It’s not that I don’t trust you or think you’ll run off with it or anything like that. It’s just, I’d feel bad if something happened to you because you were looking at it for me.
>>
No. 884789 ID: 8a947d
File 152659946361.png - (119.53KB , 1212x826 , Lila Palast 8.png )
884789

You: An informed analysis of the plant would be nice, do you know anyone that can do that?

Ada: I have all of zee necessary equipment and tools to perform my research, along with help from my assistant. I pride myself on being professional.

Ada: You do not need to worry about anyzing. Wiz a little time I am sure I can find out whatever I need to about zis little guy!

Ada pulls a small padded box from underneath her countertop and carefully places the plant sapling into it, fastening in place with straps and locking the box.

Ada: I vill get right along to looking at it after I close. Iz there anyzing else you need?
>>
No. 884791 ID: ad51b8

nope, now to grab food!
>>
No. 884797 ID: b1b4f3

I dunno. Is there anything you need? Special order for a scavenger such as yourself?
>>
No. 884808 ID: eeb7d9

If you need help with something, we would like to help however we can. You help me, i help you.
If not, let's grab something for our tummy. Vol, do you eat?
>>
No. 884820 ID: dbf422

Thanks Ada!
Now let's buy some food.
>>
No. 884821 ID: 8a947d
File 152660546597.png - (443.92KB , 1212x826 , Shopping.png )
884821

Before you forget you introduce yourself to Ada, It's hard to believe you've been here for so long without telling her your name. Afterward, you ask if there's anything you could do for her; You're willing to take jobs if needed.

Ada: Anyzing I need ?... Not at zee moment no, but I might need somebody to do some zings for me later. If you vant you can ask me again vhen you comeback for zee plant.

>Vol, do you eat?
Vol does need to eat, but not a lot. Demons can go for long stretches of time without eating.

You thank Ada and leave Lila Palast and head for the market, you'd almost forgotten how hungry you were after the business in the bunker. Vol points you to a trustworthy food vendor and you buy a good weeks worth of supplies: Some canned fruit and cured meat along with some jugs of water. You also buy a small bag of chocolate.

Now that you've bought up your supplies you're left at 23 Cards. It's starting to get late but you do have time to hit the Bar and try to play for some extra money, or you could just go home, it's been a long day.
>>
No. 884829 ID: eeb7d9

Let's go play violin! We can even do a duet with Vol! It will sound great and maybe even earn some cards!
>>
No. 884840 ID: dbf422

>>884821
I think you're good for today. I could point out that your performance would suffer when you're exhausted, but really, you've just earned a decent amount of sleep. Get home, think about money tomorrow.
>>
No. 884849 ID: 91ee5f

>>884821
>Before you forget you introduce yourself to Ada, It's hard to believe you've been here for so long without telling her your name.
Oh, wow, yeah that was awkward.

>Anyzing I need ? ...Not at zee moment no, but I might need somebody to do some zings for me later. If you vant you can ask me again vhen you comeback for zee plant.
Ok, so we’ll come back and ask her again tomorrow.

What time does the store open? We should come by around an hour or two after the store opens. We don’t want to show up immediately after the store opens because that’ll make you look desperate.

>It's starting to get late but you do have time to hit the Bar and try to play for some extra money, or you could just go home, it's been a long day.
This guy: >>884840 , has the right idea. Your performance will suffer from being exhausted, so you’re better off going home and getting some sleep.

>birds in the sky
That’s a lot of birds up there. They wouldn’t happen to be a swarm of demon birds that are about to swoop down and start attacking the town, right?
>>
No. 884854 ID: dbf422

>>884849
You're just scared of birds huh.
>>
No. 884859 ID: 91ee5f

>>884854
This is a world that has demons in it.

If that’s a swarm of demon birds, then there’s a reason to be scared of them.
>>
No. 884868 ID: eeb7d9

Oh, fine, go home. In retrospective, he might be really tired. You don't get almost blown up to pieces every day.
>>
No. 884878 ID: dbf422

>>884859
Yeah and apparently they like playing violin. A couple of pigeons aren't going to kill you, even if they do speak with a new york accent.
>>
No. 884925 ID: 8a947d
File 152667983703.png - (37.46KB , 1212x826 , House 2.png )
884925

Part of you'd like to play some violin at the bar, but you realize you might be a bit too tired to do so properly. You saddle up the skipper and ride home quickly as not to be caught outside at night.

Despite how far out in the badlands it is you feel safest at home. You aren't sure what your dad did, but somehow the house has managed to avoid many unfortunate happenings like rouge demons or bandits. You aren't sure if an intentional method was put in place to keep it safe or if you're just lucky.
>>
No. 884926 ID: 8a947d
File 152667995578.png - (156.60KB , 1212x826 , Home 3.png )
884926

...Maybe it's just luck, there's a woman sitting in front of your house. She looks hurt and somewhat ragged as she sways back and forward like she's going to fall over.
>>
No. 884930 ID: 094652

Get your shotgun out and approach slowly. Ask her what's wrong.
>>
No. 884931 ID: ad51b8

ask if she's ok... from a distance
>>
No. 884932 ID: 736499

Check and see if she is okay
>>
No. 884940 ID: dbf422

You're a quick enough draw, don't bring out your shotgun just yet. Just stay where you are and ask if something is wrong. You weren't expecting visitors.
>>
No. 884961 ID: 8a947d
File 152668491404.png - (523.13KB , 1212x826 , Trypo.png )
884961

You put your hand on your shotgun and shout at her from a distance. The woman stops swaying and slowly rises to her feet, she turns to reveal a disfigured face covered in holes dripping with mucus and blood. The holes must run over a large portion of her body, you can see that her arm and the inside of the gash on her side are filled with holes as well.

The holes on her face eject a torrent of mucus that sizzles as it hits the sand. She begins to shamble toward you emitting a loud high pitch rattling noise, like a faster rattling snake noise.
>>
No. 884965 ID: b1b4f3

>>884961
VOL WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT
>>
No. 884966 ID: 3abd97

>>884961
Hawt.

Where are you manners, Roland? Invite the nice lady inside, already.
>>
No. 884967 ID: ad51b8

...Vol what the fuck are we looking at right now.

Also keep your distance and feel free to shoot the damn thing after vol uses scan and tells us what the fuck we're looking at.
>>
No. 884968 ID: 736499

Guys I’m not sure out shotgun can really do much to a lady that’s already filled with holes...

Back up and fire see if we can do damage. If my guess is correct retreat and see if we can’t come up with a better strategy my guess something blunt or sharp would work best.
>>
No. 884971 ID: deec6e

>>884961

Stand your ground and ready the shotgun. Make some buckshot mercy happen. Aim for wherever the rattling seems to be coming the most from - you bet your ass some creepy crawler (or crawlers) putzin' about inside her is responsible for all those holes and the noise.

Tell Vol to grab a blanket or whatever and be ready to fan off or catch whatever comes pourin' outta her, if anything.
>>
No. 884972 ID: 0d45a9

Woah, what the fuck is that?! Keep your distance and blast it with the shotgun.
>>
No. 884974 ID: 10c408

Jesus fuck that's nasty. Shoot it in the head and run away.
>>
No. 884978 ID: 91ee5f

>>884968
Or we could use the lighter and can of hairspray for a makeshift flamethrower.

Because we only sold the Arcade Parts, Television Parts, and the Auto-vac. We never sold anything else, so we should still have all that stuff.
>>
No. 884981 ID: 032491

Hey? Mutant. Yeah, you should just run away from there and try not to die, it didn't even be someone hostile, but who knows? It have holes. In the face.
>>
No. 884983 ID: dc91a0

Yup. Slap them demon leashing scrolls on her.
>>
No. 884989 ID: 05ff2f

Back up so whatever this creature is is a good distance away from your home before you do whatever you're going to do so it doesn't splash all over your house. Especially if you use a flame on it because you or it running around while burning may set the place on fire.

While you're putting some distance between the creature and you, ask Vol if he knows what the fuck this thing is. If he does, then work out how to act from his knowledge.
>>
No. 884997 ID: dbf422

>>884983
I'm for this or the flamethrower option. Try leashing her first. Then burn if that fails.
Shotgun seems unlikely to be effective.
>>
No. 885018 ID: eeb7d9

Fire might work, seeing that she will probably be unfazed by losing chunks of her body, burning her might be more effective.
But i don't know we we have fuel enough for her.
>>
No. 885024 ID: e5c658

We should just make an actual flamethrower at some point.
>>
No. 885030 ID: 8a947d
File 152670980763.png - (402.27KB , 1212x826 , Trypo 2.png )
885030

The lady lunges at you leaking puss from her face. You aim for her head, but your shotgun jams as she comes closer. Vol puts a barrier up before she can reach you but some of the slime from her hits your arm and eats through your clothes and bandages. You try to unjam your shotgun as she claws at Vol's barrier, from the open wounds on her body parasites begin to crawl out as their host becomes agitated.
>>
No. 885031 ID: 8a947d
File 152670998393.png - (482.76KB , 1212x826 , Trypo 3.png )
885031

You unjam your gun and quickly dash out of Vol's shield to avoid the worm's grasp and blow her head off. Her body falls to the ground, not entirely dead. She still squirms a bit but it seems like she lacks the strength to completely stand up anymore. Vol heads for the shack quickly and hands you a bottle of kerosene and a match.

Vol: I-It's safer if ya get rid 'a da body like dis...
>>
No. 885032 ID: 8a947d
File 152671032324.png - (207.19KB , 1212x826 , Trypo 4.png )
885032

You light the body on fire. An awful high pitched squealing comes from the corpse as the colony of worms burn up. Vol fixes the burn on your arm afterward. You know what those were, Smileworms. Your dad always called the little nightmares because of what they did to people, you've never seen what that was until today. They aren't demons, just horrible abominations of the natural world.

Vol: Y'know wat dis means?

You: Another terrible animal slash insect I need to watch out for?

Vol: No, it means the camouflage around da house is wearin' off. We gotta fix it unless we want more trouble.
>>
No. 885034 ID: 094652

Some of the smileworms (cute little murdermonsters, aren't they?) might have escaped by burrowing. You're going to need more than camo.

Before you sell any produce, make sure you get a specialist to come here and purify everything in a two-mile radius. If you sell anything with smileworms inside, you're screwed.
>>
No. 885036 ID: b1b4f3

Uh ok, how?
>>
No. 885039 ID: 91ee5f

>>885032
>camouflage around the house
“Wait, the house has camouflage around it?! Why didn’t dad ever tell me about that?!”
>>
No. 885047 ID: 87179f

What do we need to do to fix it?
>>
No. 885054 ID: eeb7d9

So dad did do something to the house to keep it protected. Do you know anything about it?
>>
No. 885062 ID: dbf422

Sorry Vol we're just finding out about the camouflage now. No idea how to fix it.
>>
No. 885167 ID: 8a947d
File 152678126031.png - (236.77KB , 1212x826 , Fixing the Camo.png )
885167

>>885034
Smileworms can't survive outside of their host. The second one leaves it will only survive for about 5 minutes until it withers away. It would have to burrow into a living organic host to persist and plants and produce don't cut if for them. Besides, you don't grow things in the ground.

You: The house is hidden ?

Vol: Well...no not really. Camouflage is da wrong word for it but your dad always called it dat, it doesn't hide da house it just makes it so dat bad things happen less 'round da house.

Vol: Anyway, da instructions on how are in ya dad's journal. It shouldn't be hard to find, only like six 'a da pages have anything on 'em.

You open the journal and read through it. Vol was right, barely anything was written in it but you do find the page that informs you on how set op the protection ritual. You have to get down into the crawls space and write down runes on various marked parts in blood. Apparently, your dad keeps buckets of blood on hand for this reason.

You: I thought dad wasn't interested in demon magic stuff?

Vol: Well not dat much, but he was willin' ta learn if it meant keepin' you safe.
>>
No. 885169 ID: 8a947d
File 152678144670.png - (213.38KB , 1212x826 , Home 1.png )
885169

After about half an hour of crawling on your back and getting blood on your face and having to rewrite ones Vol said you'd fucked up you're done. You go back inside your house and toss your poncho and coat on the floor. The house is a lot quieter than before now, you'd actually almost forgotten about what happened to today but now with no more distractions to take your mind off of it you're stuck thinking about it.
>>
No. 885174 ID: ad51b8

>you're stuck thinking about it.
what? the fact that you can't remember buying Vol the bow tie he's wearing or if he swiped it in town while you were shopping.
>>
No. 885178 ID: 91ee5f

>>885169
How’s this for a distraction? You’re hungry after a long day of doing shit. Let’s eat.

Also, Vol is wearing a bow tie.

>>885174
I think he got it right here: >>884821 , because you can see him looking at it. He must’ve taken it while the shop keeper was distracted with selling food to Roland.
>>
No. 885183 ID: d3602f

>>885169
Vol, I must say that bowtie looks great on you! I presume you bought it, and didn't just abscond with it while the owner wasn't looking, right?
>>
No. 885184 ID: dc91a0

You mentioned dad's ring this morning. Was it demonic too?
>>
No. 885200 ID: 10c408

you might as well replace the bandages on your face with fresh ones.

But first, chow the fuck down. It's been a long day and you've earned it, champ.
>>
No. 885202 ID: 8a947d
File 152679033030.png - (199.60KB , 1212x826 , Home 2.png )
885202

You: Vol did you steal that ?

Vol: Steal wat ?

You: That bowtie, I didn't buy it for you.

Vol: Roland I'd neva steal nothin' for no reason. I payed for this myself, after all I helped ya get all dat scrap before so I felt like gettin' myself somethin' nice. It didn' cost much either, it was like 2 Cards.

You: ...It looks good on you.

Vol: Thank you.

You sit down on the sofa and open up your bags of jerky and chocolate. Not the best meal you've had but goddamn it might as well be a five-star meal with how hungry you are. You decide that music would be best with your food and turn on your handmade radio for something to listen from the Dawnsprings Radiostation, luckily they're playing something good tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n07TSnndg8I[/spoiler]
>>
No. 885203 ID: 8a947d
File 152679102814.png - (150.84KB , 1212x826 , Journal.png )
885203

Out of boredom you grab your dad's journal and look over it. You flip through its pages as if looking through it would reveal anything new. All that's written inside is basic stuff. Demons hate silver, How to make lesser binding scrolls, protection runes. It's not hard to imagine that your father wouldn't put much work into maintaining a record of his experiences, but you're kinda sad there wasn't much more to it.

You: Hey Vol? Do you think it'd be okay if I wrote in this?

Vol: Sure, your dad didn't use dat thing at all before. It's got plenty of room for whatever you want to use it for... What do ya wanna use it for?

Part of you remebers back to the few times your dad would talk about his job at all. Actually, he never talked about his jobs, he'd make songs out of them and sing them like ballads. Demon hunting always seemed so dangerous, but seeing your dad do it made you wonder about it. Seeing Vol and those Lacerflies had you wondering about how demons worked, there's no books on this stuff so you never knew for sure. It's a question you've always asked yourself...

Do you want to put your life in danger to learn more about demons?
>>
No. 885204 ID: 094652

mmmyesss
>>
No. 885208 ID: d3602f

>>885203
Demons are very dangerous, which only makes it more important for others to know about them. A book could possibly save some people if they run into them.

Learning could also work well with hunting demons, and could earn us some money while making the wasteland more safe. The idea of those lacerflies getting out and attacking some travelers or even a town does not sit well with me.

Also, ask Vol how dad found out how to make binding scrolls and protection runes.
>>
No. 885213 ID: dbf422

Hell, no need to commit right now. Just write about your experiences with them as they happen. Considering your luck, you'll run into more soon enough anyway.
>>
No. 885219 ID: 91ee5f

>>885203
>Do you want to put your life in danger to learn more about demons?
.....eh, you might as well.

Vol can even help you by telling you about the demons he knows about.

You can also write about friendly demons like Vol and how they can appear. In fact, why don’t you start by writing down what Vol said about how he left the Aether to come here and how he met your dad by coming through his violin ( >>882720 )? That seems like a good start.

Oh, wait, this sounds like demon hunting and Vol said he wasn’t gonna let you do that. So if you want to put yourself in danger to learn more about demons, then you can’t become a demon hunter. Hmmm, how about you call yourself a Demon Researcher? Demonologist?

>>885213
This is also true.
>>
No. 885225 ID: e5c658

I like the idea of performing scientific study on demons. Don't actively hunt them yourself. Try to find a veteran demon hunter and ask if they'd be willing to let a maniac in bandages follow him around.
>>
No. 885242 ID: 91ee5f

>>885202
Must...resist...urge...to...pet...Vol...like...a...cat...!
>>
No. 885256 ID: 8a947d
File 152681013141.png - (234.22KB , 1212x826 , Home 4.png )
885256

The idea of researching and discovering demons seems incredibly important for the world you live in. From what you've seen there isn't a lot on the study of demons and it's quite possibly almost non-existent. You wouldn't focus solely on hunting them, that would go against what you want to do. You want to learn about them as much as you can, study them closely, not just kill them or get rid of them when necessary. With your curiosity about the creatures and how they're affecting the world so much it only makes sense that somebody should try to know more about them.

For all you know there are people like that out there, but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be more. Maybe by taking up this job, you're becoming one of hundreds of Demonologists. Hopefully, there are more out there to make this somewhat easier, but even if there aren't you'll still do it.

You: Hey Vol, How'd dad learn about the stuff in this journal ?

Vol: Well I told him 'bout da protection sigils, it's all I really know when it comes ta demon magic. He musta learned some otha stuff from otha demon hunters.

You: D'you think I could learn more from demons if I studied them closer ?

Vol: ...I guess but...Dat'd be pretty dangerous.

You: Well sure it would, but scavenging was pretty dangerous too. I ran into those demons anyway despite just being on a simple scavenging mission. Besides, The knowledge about demons is something that people should know and documenting them is important if we're going to keep living in a world that has them in it.

Vol: Then let someone else figure dat crap out it don't involve us! If you're worried about money we can still make da music thing work, I know you can play violin like crazy we'll be fine without dealin' wit more demons! Da only demon ya gotta worry 'bout is me!

Vol: Do you really wanna go out an' almost die just so ya know a little more ?
>>
No. 885263 ID: dbf422
885263

If it's not me risking my life it's some kid, looking for enough junk to sell for a bit of food. Or some guy moving between towns. Basically, it's someone who isn't as capable of surviving as me. Maybe it's crazy but it's something I can do.

Plus it's interesting! Think about the difference between you and the flies. What's the common ground that makes you both demons, and what makes you different?
>>
No. 885264 ID: ad51b8

>Do you really wanna go out an' almost die just so ya know a little more ?
well it wouldn't be just for me. I mean remember when the fly bit me, thanks again for the heal by the way. I got the close in the first place because I didn't know what those things were or how dangerous they could be. I figure if I could learn a bit more then I wouldn't make those same mistakes as well as others who might just have the simple misfortune of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Besides, I'm not planning on only learning about the dangerous demons, I would also like to learn more about demons like you who are actually pretty chill people. That way you might not have to deal with people like that guard that thinks you're instantly going to be trouble just because of what you are.

Also we're still probably going to have to move around both for more scavenging jobs and possibly musical tours if you can help me be good enough and if today was any indication it seems that trouble is going to find me anyways no mater what I do so might as well try to make SOMETHING out of it, don't you think? Also on that note, what to help me improve my musical skills? figure we might as well do something that could be considered relaxing at least once today before we decide to call it a night. I feel we at least deserve that.
>>
No. 885297 ID: dc91a0

I don't wanna stay here forever, Vol. I want to go out and be something. The world is huge and dangerous though, and the relationship between demons and might be the key to navigating it safely.
>>
No. 885310 ID: eeb7d9

Vol, what the hell i am supposed to do, live in a bubble?
I appreciate that my dad made the impossible to keep me safe, but i really doubt that he would wanted me to just stay here, doing mundane stuff with out looking for something greater than me.
Demons are't just things to be afraid of because you don't know what to do with them. I mean, you are a great example, you are a good friend, always helping me and keeping me safe, and i enjoy your company. But people don't know that, they don't know anything. They are afraid because they don't undesrstand, and it shouldn't be that way.
I want to lern more, the world is huge, and it's waiting to be explored.
It will be dangerous, i know, but i don't care. Sooner or latter, we all die, but is important do something significant before that happens, just like dad. Besides, todays little trip was the most fun a had in forever.
>>
No. 885316 ID: 3abd97

>Vol: Do you really wanna go out an' almost die just so ya know a little more ?
Well I'd prefer not almost dying, to be sure. Maybe there's a way to figure out some stuff without going into fights blind, first.
>>
No. 885321 ID: b1b4f3

>>885256
If you learn, you can spread that knowledge to others. That could save lives, Vol.
>>
No. 885324 ID: 391a03

We do what we must, because, we can
For the good of all of us
Except the ones who are dead
>>
No. 885334 ID: eeb7d9

>>885324
Then you start playing the violin and keep singing like in a movie.
>>
No. 885347 ID: dbf422

>>885334
Or like in a video game.
>>
No. 885350 ID: eeb7d9

>>885347
Do they even have those in this universe?
>>
No. 885351 ID: 561fc8

>>885350
We looted an arcade machine, so yeah.
>>
No. 885378 ID: 8a947d
File 152689253519.png - (205.86KB , 1212x826 , Home 5.png )
885378

You: It's not just about knowing some more, remember how I almost got melted back in that bunker? I got lucky, but if I took a few more steps in there I'd be a fucking meat slushy fast. If anyone who doesn't know how a dangerous demon works comes face to face with one they'll most likely end up dead!

You: Besides, I can't help but be curious about them when there's almost no information on them whatsoever. I don't wanna stay here forever, Vol. I want to go out and be something. The relationship between demons and humans might be the key to navigating it safely, somebodies gotta figure it out.

Vol: I just...I just don't get why'd ya do dis for hypothetical people ya barely know! Dis is a concept I ain't neva heard 'a in da Aether! I neva knew anyone who'd want to do anythin' for anyone they didn' know, and here you are wantin' to go poke around big fuckin' monsters for da sake a' others!

Vol: Its bad enough humans die from just bein' alive too long! do ya really gotta go an' make it worse by actually putting your lives in real danger...
>>
No. 885379 ID: 8a947d
File 152689306760.png - (200.62KB , 1212x826 , Home 6.png )
885379

Vol sits down.

Vol: I...I'm not used ta people I'm close to dyin' so soon...everyone I knew kept in a Aether themselves safe an lived for so long. Even when humans do stay safe dere's so much more dat can kill ya...

Vol: I'm...just tryin' ta live with ya for as long as I can...I tried keeping cool when your dad died but it tore me up inside...I know I shouldn't have ta tell ya dat. I-I'm just...scared.
>>
No. 885380 ID: dbf422

Sorry buddy. Shoulda known you were worried about us. But we gotta live for more than just staying alive, you know? Humans are like that, probably. Gotta find a purpose.

And we're gonna die some day, even if we drag it out. And you'll move on again, like you did from Dad to me. And these problems with demons will still exist. But if we study demons now, it'll be less dangerous for whoever comes after us. So if it helps, you can think of it like making life safer for your next partner.

But it's not like we're going to be reckless. We're not going to make you go through another death for quite a while. And we'll need your help, Vol, to stay as safe as possible. Will you stick with us?
>>
No. 885383 ID: 094652

"If I don't face death in some capacity, I'll forget it. If you want me to run from death to the end, I need to remember what it is. Besides, this farm is too run down to make a decent living anyway. If you can think of any high-paying job with low academic standards and no ties to the mafia, go ahead."
>>
No. 885384 ID: 166e1c

Thanks for caring. You look so adorable...

I know there is a risk of one or two of us dying when facing some danger, but we have to take those chances when seeking rewards. Even if we only seek the necessary to survive we can still be killed in the process, the world is a dangerous place after all.

Since you mention dad and my inevitable death, another thing we got to arrange is friends and family that can stay with you after I'm gone. That is, if you want to keep living with humans.
>>
No. 885386 ID: ad51b8

give Vol a bro hug

also ask him about some of his friends from the other side. If it will make him feel better maybe we can start by talking to some of the more passive demons that he personally trust just to calm his nerves. hell start with him, ask him what the Aether is like.
>>
No. 885387 ID: dc91a0

Dad sacrificed everything for me so I could have a chance to just grow up safely.

I'm not gonna throw that out... I couldn't do that to him.
Struggle to hold back tears
But I gotta move on.
Damn it, why'd he have to leave so soon...

...

Maybe diving into dangerous ruins and fighting wild daemons is the wrong way to go about starting this though.

You said you had friends in the aether?
Could I meet them?
Could I either go there or they come here?
The more I can learn without risking my life, the more likely I'll be to keep it when it's on the line.
>>
No. 885390 ID: eeb7d9

I am going to make you my godfather when i have kids. How does that sound?
Can you imagine, me with kids? That would be a picture!
Also, the bow tie looks great on you.

Don't worry, Vol, we can do this, it's just going take some time. But we do have you. That is the best to start.
>>
No. 885395 ID: 8a947d
File 152691459123.png - (142.48KB , 1212x826 , Home 7.png )
885395

You: Vol, the last thing I want to do is throw caution to the wind and go off to do crazy shit. I'm going to be careful but I want to do more than just survive. Do you understand?

Vol: ...No, not at all...but I guess I can try to as best as I can.

You put your hand on Vol's shoulder and he turns to give you a full hug.

You: I'd never go off and kill myself after all of the work dad put into keeping me safe. Even though I'd hate to leave you alone, I know I'm going to die in the end no matter how safe I'm kept...Y'know what I can do? I'll make you the godfather of my kids in the future!

Vol: You havin' kids? That'd be somethin' to see.

You: ...You said you had friends in the Aether right? What were they like?

Vol: Buncha idiots, my buncha idiots, they was all Imps like me so nothing interesting I can tell ya 'bout 'em. A lot 'a da time we spent just screwin' around an' tryin' not ta die. It's real borin' without havin' anyone with ya, da only real excitement ya get is the near-death experiences with da more dangerous demons. As soon as I found a way out I jumped for it, but I didn' think about how I was leavin' my friends behind. As far as I know, there ain't no way back.

Vol ends up reminiscing about his time in the Aether, he doesn't know a lot about the demons he's seen since a lot of the time he just ran for his life. He talks about how he learned violin from your dad and some of the demon hunting they'd done a long time a go. Soon when he runs out of stuff to talk about he ends up dozing off, and you follow him...
>>
No. 885398 ID: 8a947d
File 152691559892.png - (248.03KB , 1212x826 , End.png )
885398

Today has been rough. The week following up to it was worse, how unsure you were if your dad would make it or not. Part of you feels better now that your father's passed, he was in a lot of pain before but that it's over you feel a sort of relief. Not that you're happy he's dead, just happy his pain is over.

You've got so much ahead of you, even more now that you've decided to try and study demons. Despite all of this you won't be alone, Vol will be there with you and you'll no doubt find more help along the way. As long as you work for it there's no doubt you'll make progress.

It isn't exactly a lullaby but you fall asleep to the energetic music from your radio...

Well, I stand up next to a mountain, and I chop it down with the edge of my hand. Well, I pick up all the peices and make an island

In a world of Dust, Desolation, and Demons. You might raise a little sand.

D3: Slight Return. End Prolouge
>>
No. 885405 ID: dbf422

Nice!
>>
No. 885417 ID: eeb7d9

This reboot is looking fine.
Can't wait for what's coming next.
>>
No. 885449 ID: ad51b8

so who want to try and find a way to pull of of Vol's friends to the house and start up an imp's adventuring guild? It sounds like it could be fun and I see no way it could ever go wrong. We can just have it that for rent they only have to help us fill out our book. Either by telling us tricks they know or by coming on adventures with us from time to time.
>>
No. 885452 ID: eeb7d9

>>885449
Now THIS is a good idea.
>>
No. 885454 ID: 5fa661

>>885449

BECOME IMPLORD
>>
No. 885457 ID: 91ee5f

>>885395
>As far as I know, there ain't no way back.
So once a demon leaves the Aether, they can’t go back to the Aether?

Damn, that sucks for the demons that end up somehow accidentally leaving the Aether or they’re somehow forcefully pulled out of the Aether against their will.

>>885449
>>885452
That’s not very helpful!

Roland is struggling to feed himself and Vol. He can’t afford to feed even more mouths!
>>
No. 885462 ID: ad51b8

>>885457
Oh I'm sure by the point we actually get to the point where we could pull this off we'll be a bit better off then we are now. Plus more hands means they could help us carry more stuff and like Vol said demons don't need to eat that often anyways
>>
No. 885489 ID: dbf422

>>885462
The assumption that these imps would work for Roland is a stretch. Vol has an obligation to his dad, even if they're becoming friends. The imps might like Vol, but there's no way they'd just follow Roland's orders. He doesn't even have anything to offer them.
>>
No. 885493 ID: d3602f

>>885489
Shelter for one. It's says something that as soon as the camouflage started to wear off, we ran into some smile worms. It's dangerous out there, and a safe house could mean quite a bit. Based on the size of our house, we aren't really lacking in space either. Some towns might also not be quite that nice to imps, which could make it difficult for them to get food, which could cause problems even if they eat little.

We might want to get a cage later too, so we can interact with the demons in a relatively safe setting. It should be simple enough after using a lesser binding parchment on them (we'll need to read up on making more, assuming they are one time use). We'll need to catch one that can't break through the bars though.

Which all goes back to getting enough money to buy the cage. We might not get enough for busking alone, so we may need to go on another scavenging run, or hope Ada pays well. Maybe buy a gun that's in better condition, or something with less expensive ammo.

In short, we have quite a bit on our plates if we want to prepare for the dangers of this new profession.
>>
No. 885494 ID: 3702a4

>>885489
Like I said absolutely nothing can go wrong.
>>
No. 885495 ID: dbf422

>>885493
I mean, I guess a camouflaged house is something. But there's plenty of shelter out there, statistically speaking, even if it's not hidden. And who knows what the situation is like wherever they are? It's a long shot that Roland would have enough to offer to be able to order them around, even with the shelter.

Besides, it's crazy to even discuss this at Roland's current situation. He's so far away from being ready and able for that sort of thing it's unreasonable to make plans for it.
>>
No. 885496 ID: d3602f

>>885495
I'm not planning on them taking down demons, I just think it could help to convince them to tell us what they know about other demons, maybe teach us some spells if they know any.
>>
No. 885500 ID: dbf422

>>885496
Someone else suggested demon fighting, and I didn't check ids. It's still too early to worry about that stuff but at least it's reasonable.
>>
No. 885505 ID: 91ee5f

>>885496
Yeah, shove them in a cage like an animal, that’ll convince them to help us. T_T
>>
No. 885520 ID: eeb7d9

Come on people, it's too early to decide this kind of thing. It is certanly not a bad idea. But maybe we might not be ready for the task just yet. Besides, it still too early to know what the quest is going be like.
Besides, Vol is best Imp, we don't need more imps.
>>
No. 885524 ID: d3602f

>>885505
Not an imp, I'm talking about the animalistic demons who might bite our hands off if we don't restrain it.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password