[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 886861)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39129 unique user posts. View catalog

File 152765620046.gif - (319.75KB , 1024x1024 , title.gif )
886861 No. 886861 ID: 891b91

A foggy haze lifts from your mind, as though you just woke from a deep sleep. Your throat feels ragged and dry.
629 posts omitted. Last 100 shown. Expand all images
>>
No. 907406 ID: 7efe6b

>>907388 >>907404
We came there after everyone else, so I don't see how our ticket number has any value. If anything, we'd just be rubbing salt in his wounds by allowing him to use our last place in the queue lol
>>
No. 907412 ID: 1872dc

>>907406
Unless you need a matching number to get in without a problem, which is just a guess.
>>
No. 907413 ID: 7efe6b

>>907412
In that case Preston would be kicked out.
>>
No. 907416 ID: b1b4f3

>>907387
I think it's time to familiarize yourself with the WC.
>>
No. 907436 ID: 1872dc

>>907413
Or detained.
>>
No. 907454 ID: 864e49

What happened to the small guy, is he ok? Get him up and out of there with you.
>>
No. 907458 ID: 891b91
File 153994783949.gif - (571.43KB , 1024x1024 , 036.gif )
907458

Following the twins' lead, you duck into the WC. You're greeted by the sight of the two of them kneeling there half-naked, chattering nervously in their unfamiliar language. One of them is in the middle of ripping a bunch of small, round objects from inside the linings of their dresses and tossing them into a small pile on the floor. The other is frantically jamming them down a strange-looking toilet.

One lets out a small shriek when she notices you, prompting the other to clasp her tentacle over her mouth. They both stare at you, wide-eyed.

"Shhhh, no tell, no tell," one of them pleads in a whisper. "Please, no tell!"
>>
No. 907459 ID: ad51b8

"don't know what you're doing and don't care at the moment"

hide in one of the stalls.
>>
No. 907461 ID: 10c408

Just use any free toilet and pretend like nothing is happening.
>>
No. 907462 ID: bf1690

Sexually fantasize the excitement of what it would be like if you were caught in a state of being underdressed and embarrassment...

Err, I mean

It seems they were planning on smuggling something as well, but were scared security will check everyone after they subdue the big guy. Apologize to them in a flustered manner saying you saw nothing and run in a stall.
>>
No. 907463 ID: 094652

"Ssh, it's okay. May I have some of those?"
>>
No. 907465 ID: 91ee5f

>>907458
Whisper to them, “I don’t know what you’re doing and I don’t care if you’re doing it. I’m just hiding from the big angry guy out there!”
>>
No. 907469 ID: eeb7d9

I won't tell, but you need to get rid of that now, security might try to inspect all of us because of the rokus.
>>
No. 907471 ID: 86eb65

Tell them you saw nothing and to hurry because you are hiding from some trouble happening in the waiting room.

Heck help them dump this stuff if you need to. More people might be coming in here to hide like you.
>>
No. 907476 ID: 7efe6b

Use this opportunity to blackmail them.

"I tell."

When they start panicking, point at the left one, "Give clothes, no tell.".

Hey, free clothes (including bra).
>>
No. 907478 ID: 7969eb

Use your much larger hands to help them out in disposing of the evidence, then when you accidentally touch one of their hands we let this whirlwind bathroom romance take control.
>>
No. 907482 ID: 10c408

>>907476
We have absolutely no reason to do this. It's going to blow up in our face when these two finish getting rid of the evidence we're blackmailing them with and for what, clothing that probably wouldn't even fit?

no, just, no.
>>
No. 907484 ID: 4c908d

>>907476
No.jpg

Just tell them you don't know and don't care.
>>
No. 907488 ID: 1872dc

Honestly it'd be smart to join them on this, right? Don't you still have contraband? Either start dumping stuff too, or at least tell them you know how it goes and you won't say anything.
>>
No. 907489 ID: 1872dc

>>907488
Oh yeah and do help
>>
No. 907494 ID: 7f0aac

>>907458

We just want to pee and get out of wherever we are without getting smooshed. Whatever weird ritual they're up to is no interest to us.
>>
No. 907506 ID: b1b4f3

We don't have contraband. We have a pill bottle that may have at one point contained raw taffa. It no longer contains anything.

Just tell them okay, and stand at the door peeking out.
>>
No. 907507 ID: 7efe6b

> >>907482 >clothing that probably wouldn't even fit?
Her underwear looks about our size... the bra might be too big :x

> >>907488 >Don't you still have contraband?
As far as I can tell, there's nothing illegal on us.

> >>907478 >help them out
If we're not gonna report them (or blackmail them) then yeah, we should help them.

Give them a thumb up and say something like, "I help". If they don't say anything (or have any better ideas) about how you can help, simply help them by feeding the shitter with their stuff. Maybe also ask them what their stuff is.

Afterwards, if we have some time, maybe we could take a look at the vesper page in one of the stalls.
>>
No. 907510 ID: 90f3c0

Don't get involved, just wait by the door for things to calm down.
>>
No. 907531 ID: 0e2ebe

>>907507
I thought we still had taffa or at least a taffa bottle, which we don't need and could cause problems.

Also, don't mimic their speech that's awful.
>>
No. 907545 ID: b1b4f3

>>907531
Read this:
>>907506

The severely weathered pill bottle is not contraband. There's no indication it even RECENTLY held raw taffa.
>>
No. 907567 ID: 0e2ebe

>>907545
I missed that. But I just think even having the bottle is an unnecessary risk, depending on if the authorities could use that to charge us for previously having taffa, even though we didn't (that we know of).
>>
No. 907594 ID: b1b4f3

>>907567
They can't, because there's no evidence it had taffa in it by the time we picked it up. For all we know, we just picked it off the ground when it was already empty. I don't think there is anywhere on earth that can prosecute someone for having *possible* prior possession of a controlled substance.

You are being unreasonable.
>>
No. 907603 ID: 0e2ebe

>>907594
I mean, corruption but whatever. I don't need you to agree but being dismissive isn't useful.
>>
No. 907636 ID: 5fa661

"Oh no I suddenly went blind just before I came in here!"
>>
No. 907701 ID: 15a025

Just say no tell and hide in one of the stalls.
>>
No. 907717 ID: 2202fb

>>907458

Just tell them to use an orifice. It is much more secure.

Introduce yourself and offer to help them out (in general, not the orifice thing). They are cute, lets become best friends.
>>
No. 907721 ID: b151ce

"Okay!"

And hide in a stall until things calm down.
>>
No. 907821 ID: c0641d

"No tell. Dispose?" Help them shovel it all in if they confirm, and dispose of the Taffa vial and Vesper rune while we're at it.
>>
No. 908211 ID: 891b91
File 154045856075.gif - (397.62KB , 1024x1024 , 037.gif )
908211

"I won't tell," you reassure them, stepping closer. They eye you warily for a moment, and then go back to frantically depositing the small baubles in the toilet, which they seem to be having trouble with, considering their lack of hands. "Here, let me help," you offer.

They look at each other briefly, and then make room for you to pitch in. You scoop up handfuls of the things and dump them in the toilet, making short work of the pile. "So what are these things, anyway?" You ask quietly as you deposit the last few baubles.

The two exchange a confused glance. "Is, uh... kroy-vons," one of them whispers. She gives you an apologetic look. "Dunno how to say..."

>Don't you still have contraband?
You almost forgot! You hastily look through your possessions for anything questionable:

>Glass jar with purple residue -- it looks similar to the one that came with the dustbender, which contained a harmless form of taffa called "stem taffa," according to Quincy. You don't know whether the residue in this one is from stem taffa as well.
>Vial with faded label -- it's empty and you can't see any trace of what was once in it, but you have a strong feeling that it's important and you shouldn't lose it.
>Evidence case -- inside are twelve small, empty, vials, and a sample of blood you took from the ice cream shop in the Old City.
>Vesper glyph page -- you've been wary of looking at the glyph, but now could be a good opportunity to do so, if you want. You're a little concerned that possessing it might raise suspicions about your amnesia.
>>
No. 908212 ID: 094652

Keep your stuff. You can always blame the other smugglers foistering it into your hands.
>>
No. 908214 ID: 1872dc

>>908211
"That's fine, I was just curious. I've got stuff of my own to take care of."

The glass vial needs to go. Can't risk that being taffa residue. I'd also get rid of the vesper page, as it's clear that it's not going to be used, so it's just a liability.
>>
No. 908218 ID: 7efe6b

>Glass jar with purple residue
Wash it and then throw it away if there's any trash bins here.
>Vesper glyph page
Go in one of the toilet stalls and concentrate on the glyph as per instructions.
Based on how we've seen the glyphs being used, I highly doubt it's harmful. Probably just contains some information. After we use it, we can throw it away.
>>
No. 908223 ID: 2202fb

Make friends and stick together damn it! They are too cute not to!
>>
No. 908228 ID: c0641d

>>908218
Pretty sure concentrating on it activates a homing beacon, so let’s not, and get rid of it. If we want to find Vespers ourselves, we can just look them up and seek them out manually.

Meanwhile, let’s... actually keep the vial. We’ve been told what raw taffa looks like, and this ain’t it. This is almost definitely stem taffa, and therefore potentially evidence in our own situation. Even if it isn’t, we know it’s not raw taffa, so it’s probably still safe.

After the FLUSH, ask them what their names are, and how we might contact them. Meanwhile, can you hear what’s happening outside?
>>
No. 908229 ID: eeb7d9

>Vial with faded label
We need this one one way or another, the rest could be a pain in the ass to lose, but you might get in trouble for having that.
>>
No. 908233 ID: 86eb65

Might want to show these girls your stuff quickly.

If they panic at the sight of something then you know its bad news.
>>
No. 908235 ID: 7efe6b

>>908228
>Pretty sure concentrating on it activates a homing beacon
I'm not sure how you can be "pretty sure" that something like that would happen when there's no mentions or evidence for such a thing in the quest at all.
What we know about glyphs is the following:
> >>889178 >you glance at [the glyph], and to your surprise a holographic advertisement blooms from the surface of the card
> >>903523 >a poke at [the card's] glyph prompts the hologram to flip aound
> >>906885 >You tap on the glyph to reveal her profile
Based on this, I think it's likely that glyphs simply hold information. While the business card is a bit more high-tech, I don't see why the Vesper glyph would be much different. If glyphs are used on common objects such as business cards, then it's quite unreasonable to assume they would be dangerous.

>>908233
>show these girls your stuff quickly
Flashing is lewd~
>>
No. 908241 ID: b1b4f3

>>908211
Well if we're not gonna read the glyph anytime soon (considering the level of paranoia suggesters have demonstrated in regards to the Vesper group) this is a good time to avoid getting pegged as a zombie and flush the page. I would support using the glyph now that we have a good secure location-- after everything else is taken care of we can sit in a stall (locked of course) and look at it.

Hmm, the purple residue is possibly worrisome. Rinse it out and just leave the jar in here, we don't need it.
Keep the vial, and the evidence case. We should tell them we want to deliver the evidence case to delaney, so if they take it from us that's okay I guess.
>>
No. 908250 ID: 10c408

Take the label off of the vial and store it between your fur and your clothing. Even if they frisk you they won't find it.
>>
No. 908323 ID: a48264

>>908233
Agreed, best to whip it all out in front of them while you can, before someone catches you in the act. Since you helped them out and promised not to spill their secrets, they should do the same for you.
>>
No. 908347 ID: dbfd77

>>908323
:3c
>>
No. 908880 ID: b151ce

You're doing them a favor. You're not telling anyone about that stuff. They reliably won't screw you over immediately if you ask the wrong question. Ask them what taffa syndrome is.
>>
No. 908918 ID: 396f54

Once we're done here, i think we should enter one of the stalls and take a look at that glyph again.
>>
No. 908920 ID: b1b4f3

>>908880
We know what taffa syndrome is. It's corruption of the Dust via repeated memory alteration, which results in loss of identity and amnesia.
>>
No. 908923 ID: 7efe6b

> >>908323 >whip it all out
We already exposed our junk to Quincy and it didn't tickle her fancy. So I don't think that going for round two with the twins would get them worked up either.

> >>908880 >Ask them
They couldn't even explain what the kroy-vons are, so I doubt asking them hard questions would result in satisfying answers.

> >>908920 >We know
Where in the quest is this written?
>>
No. 908979 ID: b1b4f3

>>908923
>where is it written
It wasn't spelled out, but there's plenty of evidence to come to this conclusion.
Dust is the essence of a person,(THAT has been spelled out, at least) and those with taffa syndrome are called zombies. Thus, taffa syndrome is a problem with your Dust. There's a campaign for better access to raw taffa, talking about the "right to forget", so raw taffa is needed to mess with memories; the tool we handed off is further evidence towards that conclusion.
>>
No. 909043 ID: ab5af5

>>908979
>>/questdis/126293
>>
No. 909199 ID: 891b91
File 154112149204.gif - (214.75KB , 1024x1024 , 038-1.gif )
909199

With a single flush, the twins' contraband disappears from sight, to their obvious relief. "Thank you," the ponytailed one whispers as she throws on her dress, "thanks much for help."

"Glad I could help," you reply, keeping your voice down. "Can you help me too?"

The two exchange a glance before Ponytail speaks up again. "Maybe," she says cautiously.

You pause, trying to think of the least complicated way to describe your request. You take the jar, vial, and evidence case out of your pockets and array them on the floor in front of you. "Are any of these... bad? Trouble?"

Ponytail seems surprised by the question, as though she was expecting something else; she whispers something to her sister, who also reacts with surprise. She crouches down, and slowly moves the jar across the floor towards you. "Trouble," she says solemnly, giving you a confused look. "Taffa."

"Thank you," you say, collecting your items as you head over to the sink. "I'm Penny, by the way," you add, pointing to your chest. You give the jar a quick rinse before depositing it in the nearby trash can.

Ponytail looks uneasy for a moment. "Pico," She finally replies, gesturing to herself. She points at her sister. "Zaza."

>can you hear what's happening outside?
You hadn't noticed it until now, but it sounds like the big guy has stopped yelling. The alarm is still going off, though.

>Get their contact information
"Can you... can I get your holo addresses?" It's the only kind of contact information you know to ask for.

"No, no," she responds, shaking her head. "Is bad idea." She whispers something to her sister, who then nudges her with a tentacle. "...You want kroy-vons? We go 2u-E, you come find." That's not exactly what you intended, but it's probably the best you can do, considering the language barrier. "...You tell, you get big trouble," Pico warns. "Shhh."

"I won't tell," you reassure her.
>>
No. 909200 ID: 891b91
File 154112151731.gif - (5.29MB , 1024x1024 , 038-2.gif )
909200

Thanking them once more, you duck into one of the adjacent stalls and lock the door. You know you can't leave this room while still in possession of the Vesper page; having it makes your amnesia too obvious for comfort. If you're going to use it, it's now or never.

You decide to go for it. You figure it probably just gives you some instructions, or maybe at most sends a message to Vesper; which doesn't sound too bad in itself, especially considering that it could possibly lead you towards actual help with your predicament. You pull the page from your pocket, unfold it, and take a deep breath before focusing your gaze on the glyph. Like before, you feel a strange tension in your eyes, but you push through the sensation anyway.

The tension increases gradually, and the glyph itself begins to flicker and randomly leap from the page; your peripheral sight grows blurry and you begin to get tunnel vision. Alarmed, you change your mind and decide to throw the paper away -- only to discover that you can't stop looking at the glyph! Your limbs grow numb and distant; you want to cry out, but nothing happens, and finally, an inky darkness overtakes you.
>>
No. 909201 ID: 891b91
File 154112155633.gif - (3.61MB , 1024x1024 , 038-3.gif )
909201

. . .
>>
No. 909202 ID: 094652

Focus on opening your eyelids!
>>
No. 909204 ID: b1b4f3

>>909201
Maybe this is some form of remote communication. Try saying hello, ask what's happening to you.
>>
No. 909205 ID: eeb7d9

What is this thing? Can you feel anything? Are you awake? Think of something.
>>
No. 909212 ID: 7efe6b

Vesper's autopilot? How droll. I do have some ideas about how to regain our control but, nah. Even if we could regain control, I think it's better to just wait.
>>
No. 909214 ID: 0e2ebe

This feels like an "I told you so" situation. Try moving.
>>
No. 909219 ID: 10c408

...Crap. I really hope that this doesn't take too long or we'll miss our number being called and end up at the back of the new line that'll form while we're effectively disabled because of this.

Note to self: DON'T USE FUTURE GLYPHS UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY!
>>
No. 909228 ID: 78dbfb

>>900075
why do i have the feeling that half of those characters are real OCs
>>
No. 909231 ID: 891b91
File 154114817558.gif - (3.61MB , 1024x1024 , 039.gif )
909231

>Focus on opening your eyelids!
You try to open your eyelids, only to discover that you can't feel them.

>Try saying hello, ask what's happening to you.
You open your mouth to speak, except that you discover you can't feel that either. You try to "think" the words, but you receive no discernible response.

>Can you feel anything?
Your entire body is numb to the point that it's like you don't even have a body, but... you do feel something. You lack the words to describe it, but it feels as though you are traveling a great distance, very quickly. It's not a kinesthetic feeling of momentum, just... somehow an innate knowledge that it is happening.

>Are you awake?
You have no idea whatsoever, but it seems plausible that the glyph might have knocked you out.

>Think of something.
You think about the events that led up to this moment, trying to make some sense of your increasingly strange predicament. While you don't have sufficient answers, it's enough to convince you that you remain in control of your mental faculties, at least.

>Try moving.
You make your best effort at moving any body part you can -- but you are only greeted with a numb lack of response from any of your limbs, accompanied by the slight rustle of your clothing. It feels incredibly futile.

>Note to self: DON'T USE FUTURE GLYPHS UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY!
If this is the kind of power these glyphs can have, then you never want to look at one again, assuming you regain the ability to do so.

>I think it's better to just wait.
You don't think you have much of a choice. Despite it all, you feel strangely calm, even though you feel like you should be terrified. This feels less like danger to you, and more like some kind of intellectual puzzle; maybe your present numbness has left you disconnected from your endocrine system, and therefore biologically incapable of experiencing fear. You wonder idly what led you to that conclusion so readily.
>>
No. 909232 ID: 1872dc

>>909231
Wonder if that biological insight is something that the old you had or something the new you was given? Assuming you can give stuff like that. But with glyphs like this, I wouldn't just discount that.
>>
No. 909234 ID: 7efe6b

>the kind of power these glyphs can have
Perhaps because our memories were erased, our safeguards were erased as well and this made us a special case.

I still don't want to regain control because I don't think it's safe to interrupt whatever's happening mid-process. However, a little introspection shouldn't hurt while we wait...

Rather than your body, focus on your inner self. Imagine your outlines and imagine your dust in there. Feel how it vibrates. Do you feel something wrong?
>>
No. 909235 ID: 2202fb

I'd wager that tentatwins are taking care of us rn. They seemed nice enough and we probably collapsed.
>>
No. 909236 ID: 2202fb

>>909234
Idk that we want to have an awakening in customs here. Lets just try to regain motor control before we start trying to channel our inner qi.
>>
No. 909256 ID: 891b91
File 154117799289.gif - (4.23MB , 1024x1024 , 040.gif )
909256

>Wonder if that biological insight is something that the old you had or something the new you was given?
The old you and new you -- in your present state this dichotomy seems alien; are you really so different from the person you were before you lost your memories? Well, maybe you are, since apparently the old you wanted to erase all of her memories, and now the very idea strikes you as insane and practically a form of suicide. Maybe you should be glad that you don't remember whatever it is that drove you -- her? -- to that point.

You wonder if this is another such transition, from an "old you" to a "new you," and if you'll remember any of this when you finally come to.

>I wouldn't just discount [the idea that these glyphs can impart deep, instantaneous knowledge]
At this point, any speculation about the glyphs sounds plausible to you. If someone told you looking at a glyph would cause a horn to sprout from your head, you'd probably believe it.

>Perhaps because our memories were erased, our safeguards were erased as well and this made us a special case.
This is worrying to you -- if you lost more than your memories alone, what else might be gone now?

>I don't think it's safe to interrupt whatever's happening mid-process.
Unpleasant ideas of what may be happening to your body bubble up from your subconscious, and it takes active effort on your part to suppress them. Whatever is going on, maybe you should feel fortunate that you aren't... present for it.

>I'd wager that tentatwins are taking care of us rn. They seemed nice enough and we probably collapsed.
You can think of worse people to collapse around. Hopefully they're as gentle as they seem.

>Rather than your body, focus on your inner self. Imagine your outlines and imagine your dust in there. Feel how it vibrates. Do you feel something wrong?
A thousand swarming lights are arrayed before you, each performing its innate task. Still, thousands more lie quiet, dark. Dormant, waiting for something. It pains you to think about what it might be, but if you can just --

>Lets just try to regain motor control before we start trying to channel our inner qi.
...Right, stay focused, Penny. Or whoever you are. Spade? Stop that, that's a distraction just like all the rest. Think. Move.

With great effort, you try to move any part of your body once more, and again you are greeted by an unwelcome numbness and the faint sound of fabric against your body.



Wait. You can hear? You stop what you're doing and listen intently. There's an uneven murmur. A voice? No, voices...

"... --ew ... doing? ... Any ..."

"... before ... increase-- ... activity, but ... sure."

"Damnit, ... doesn't... should've ..."

They're too muffled to make out fully, but you still pick up hints of concern and weariness in their speech.
>>
No. 909258 ID: a6405f

>>909256
Probably doctors of some flavor, be it official or backalley. They seem to be talking about your neural activity. If we still have it, keep the rune. We should try it out again once we find a place where we can safely be alone for a few hours - maybe days - while we explore what we may or may not be able to do. It is fascinating and worth looking into, but right now it is dangerous.


Imagine a tightrope walker walking between skyscrapers that suddenly gets a vision from eldritch gods on how to truly bring about peace, happiness, and how to unlock the latent powers to do it. Ofc they only come to their senses milliseconds before smashing into the street; rendering the epiphany fruitless.

While getting across the proverbial tightrope is paramount for now, just remember to give the elder gods a call back.
>>
No. 909259 ID: a6405f

>>909256
Wait, hang on. That first voice is Quincy.
She seems rather distressed and is talking to someone who is either monitoring something, or ordering people around (either some sort of tech or a head surgeon). Either way, they are most likely medical.

So these runes are probably more or less QR codes meaning that you either have neural implants, or are in an artificial body. If the latter is the case, this means that most likely everyone is in an artificial body made of nanorobots or similar analog (like taffa, for instance).
Anyway, you probably have at the very least, a rudimentary software suite installed allowing you to use runes. Ofc, there could be all sorts of things stuck in your head you just dont know about, and without knowing what security you have, there is the possibility that just about anyone could stuff things in your head and you would be powerless to stop them. This is an exceedingly dangerous situation if it is indeed the case. Be paranoid, but not unfriendly, and learn as much as you can about what is involved before doing things or having things done to you.

You also need to get disconnected, sanitize your mind, and then set up local security before reconnecting.
>>
No. 909261 ID: b1b4f3

>>909256
Let's actually try the qi thing.
>>
No. 909263 ID: 10c408

Focus harder. Achieve inner superior willpower.

Maybe try speaking, next?

Just don't fart.
>>
No. 909265 ID: 1872dc

I guess alternate between trying to catch the lights and focusing on the outside world. Keep trying to get further in each area. But if you get somewhere with the lights, focus on them until you can't anymore.
>>
No. 909269 ID: 2202fb

>>909261
>>909263

We are in an unknown place with individuals with unknown intentions. Lets wait on anything that may cause us to temporarily go comatose.
>>
No. 909279 ID: 7efe6b

It seems the effects are wearing off.

Keep listening and extending your awareness. Feel anything between your legs yet?
>>
No. 909299 ID: 10c408

>>909269
But we ARE comatose, if those voices are anything to go by?

Whatever the glyph was suppose to do, it has gone terribly wrong given that we've evidently gone insensate.
>>
No. 909305 ID: eeb7d9

Well, might as well try, keep trying to move, to talk, make yourself notice and see what reaction you produce in to these voices.
>>
No. 909328 ID: ae9b99

It does sound like you are being taken care of. And that does sounds like Quincy. Even though she is a stranger you just met, it does sounds like she might be concerned for you. that is comforting, right?

Maybe best to rest and let the docs do their thing?
>>
No. 909331 ID: 2202fb

>>909328
Even slavers care about their stocks' health.
>>
No. 909342 ID: ae9b99

>>909331
That's depressing.
>>
No. 909344 ID: 891b91
File 154122439784.gif - (4.37MB , 1024x1024 , 041-1.gif )
909344

>Wait, hang on. That first voice is Quincy.
You're fairly certain one of the voices is male, and what you've heard from the other voice doesn't sound much like Quincy either.

>catch the lights
In this... mental space, you lack limbs with which to catch the lights. You instead attempt to focus your mind on them, but the swarm is too quick and chaotic to keep up with; in fact, they become only more active in response to your mental exertion, scattering them further. You notice, though, that one light is approaching you, drawn to your mind's eye. You set your attention upon it, drawing it further in.
>>
No. 909345 ID: 891b91
File 154122442494.gif - (4.57MB , 1024x1024 , 041-2.gif )
909345

The light gets closer still, until it envelops your entire mind's eye, revealing the face of a ruined building. The weathered sign atop it reads TAUNTON MICRODYNAMICS.

And then the murmurs of voices return, distracting you and causing the scene to slip from your grasp.
>>
No. 909346 ID: 891b91
File 154122445220.gif - (3.57MB , 1024x1024 , 041-3.gif )
909346

>Maybe try speaking, next?
You attempt to call out to them and ask for their help, but you still can't feel your mouth. You try your very hardest to make any noise at all, and you are rewarded by a strained hum from what you assume is your throat. The voices pause suddenly -- they heard you! They are still quite muffled, but you're starting to pick up more of their speech.

"Wait-- ...hear that? ...coming around."

"...relief. I'll go... cider... you get... revived."

"... hurry back."

>Feel anything between your legs yet?
The numbness has started to gradually recede, leaving you with a vague awareness of your own body. (And as far as you can tell, the situation between your legs is normal.)

At the same time, a yellow-orange glow becomes increasingly apparent as it gradually fills your vision.
>>
No. 909348 ID: ae9b99

Maybe TAUNTON MICRODYNAMICS is a memory that you forgot?

Try focusing on the orange glow and see if you can get another memory before you wake up. Do this quickly, it seems like your coma is almost over.
>>
No. 909349 ID: b1b4f3

>>909345
Hey that name was on the pill bottle!

>>909346
Alright start trying to move and sense the world again. Focus on the light?
>>
No. 909355 ID: 7efe6b

The light means your optics have started receiving again. Which means your eyes should be working. Which means the rest of your body should too.

Once you feel you can move your muscles, quietly whisper, "closer... hear me..." so that the two people move close to listen to you.

Then perform a screaming wakeup.

Tell them you're just kidding before they apply sedative measures.
>>
No. 909367 ID: 10c408

If you are starting to get sensation back, try to move around. Or at least establish contact with your major appendages.
>>
No. 909368 ID: 91ee5f

>>909344
>You're fairly certain one of the voices is male, and what you've heard from the other voice doesn't sound much like Quincy either.
Let this be a lesson: Just because someone’s voice is the same color, that doesn’t mean it’s the same person.
>>
No. 909373 ID: eeb7d9

If i have to guess, they know that you have taffa, they are aware that you wiped your memories and probably deal with this kinds of things, which could be either good or bad for you.
>>
No. 909376 ID: 1872dc

>>909348
Sounds like you don't have much time left to do this so give it one more shot.
>>
No. 909400 ID: 2202fb

>>909355
I think we are entirely in headspace. Any sensory info we are getting is internal - we are dreaming.
>>
No. 909422 ID: 891b91
File 154128997659.gif - (2.17MB , 1024x1024 , 042-1.gif )
909422

>Let this be a lesson: Just because someone's voice is the same color, that doesn't mean it's the same person.
I use text coloring mainly to make dialogue a bit more readable. There's a limited range of colors/hues that will work well with the site's formatting, though, so out of necessity there will be some overlap.

>Maybe TAUNTON MICRODYNAMICS is a memory that you forgot?
>Hey that name was on the pill bottle!
There does seem like there's a connection between the vial and the building you saw -- or remembered? Maybe that's where it came from, but even that you can't be sure of.

>Sounds like you don't have much time left to do this so give it one more shot.
You make another effort to focus on any of the small lights and get whatever information you can, but the orange glow has begun to drown them out, making it difficult. The best you can muster is a handful of unconnected sensations that each bear a hint of familiarity: thick fur meeting bare skin, the patter of rain hitting damp pavement, the metallic stench of freshly-spilled blood. You don't know what to make of it all.

>Try focusing on the orange glow and see if you can get another memory before you wake up.
>The light means your optics have started receiving again. Which means your eyes should be working.
The glow has become overwhelming at this point; you attempt to capture it the same way you did the smaller light, but you receive no response. You begin to suspect that unlike the swarm of little lights, this one is from an external source.

>they know that you have taffa, they are aware that you wiped your memories and probably deal with this kinds of things
Although you're unsure who exactly these people are, it seems like you might be in a hospital; you find that a little encouraging.

>quietly whisper, "closer... hear me..."
>Then perform a screaming wakeup.
Perhaps feeling a bit delirious, you attempt to lure them over by speaking; but it seems you've used up all of your vocal energy for now, since all you can muster are some faint wheezes.
>>
No. 909423 ID: 891b91
File 154128999919.gif - (761.36KB , 1024x1024 , 042-2.gif )
909423

>If you are starting to get sensation back, try to move around. Or at least establish contact with your major appendages.
Instinctively, you try to get up, propping up on your elbows -- only to be met by someone grasping your shoulder and softly pushing you back down. Your muscles quickly give in, returning you to a supine position.

"Eeeaaasy, easy now," he -- a doctor or nurse, maybe? -- says in a reassuring tone. "There'll be plenty of time for that once you've regained your strength. For now, why don't we focus on getting those eyes open, hmm?" Well, at least you can hear properly now.

With some effort, you manage the pull your eyelids apart, revealing a blurry view of a moderately-sized room, bathed in golden sunlight streaming through a nearby window; you can't ascertain anything more than that for the moment. You look at the man beside you, but your eyes refuse to resolve him into anything more than a blurry mass.

"You're lucky, you know," he continues. "We were just about to intubate you. Three days is a long time to go without eating! Oh, speaking of --" you think he's turning around to check something "-- we've got a fresh bowl of oatmeal for you, whenever you feel ready to eat." You can smell it now, and the empty pit in your stomach confirms that there is at least some truth to what he's saying. You feel famished.

You hear a door open. "We've got a visitor~" someone chirps; judging from her voice, it's the same woman you heard earlier.

The formless blob attending to you rushes over to the door. "Oh, Cider! Thanks for coming so quickly!" You think you see him gesturing towards you. "Look, she's finally awake!"

A shorter blob quietly approaches, saying nothing. They sit down on the side of the bed and grasp your hand in both of theirs, rubbing it gently. There's something... warm about it, in an almost maternal way.
>>
No. 909424 ID: 891b91
File 154129003084.gif - (1.02MB , 1024x1024 , 042-3.gif )
909424

The world starts coming back into focus, revealing the figure sitting beside you to be a woman clad in heavy robes and a strange, tasselled hat. Her placid expression is somehow haughty, yet at the same time friendly and inviting.

"Welcome home, Sigarzghar."

- END OF CHAPTER 0 -

Disthread: >>>/questdis/123379
>>
No. 909444 ID: 10c408

Alright, let's have that food before we really do need to get incubated.

But after that.... Questions. lots of questions and in no particular order.

Am I suppose to know you?
What happened to us after we activated the glyph?

who found us and what was the emergency response like when BigMcLargeHuge tried to force open the door?

Did Quincy try to get in contact with us?

where even are we?
>>
No. 909497 ID: 2202fb

The doc and sombrero both have the same ears and facial structure (esp. the nose updoot) as tentatwins. They may have taken us somewhere. It would explain the weird name.
>>
No. 909514 ID: 06fdc0

>>909424
Good. Now then... Please try to relax. There is plenty of time. I need to tell you something. Please listen, and try not to panic. You've been in a coma for... quite some time. Yes, yes, I know. You'd like to know how long... I'm afraid it's been... nine years.
>>
No. 909518 ID: 1872dc

Well, goodbye Quincy. At least she's getting something out of the deal we made.
>>
No. 909521 ID: e69065

Gesundheit?
629 posts omitted. Last 100 shown. [Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password