[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 897794)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 38780 unique user posts. View catalog

File 153463417782.png - (8.59KB , 500x500 , cover.png )
897794 No. 897794 ID: 3d1cb0

You have just come into existence and you find yourself faced with A Strange Machine. You are very confused. Who made this? Where am I? Questions such as these fill your mind. But one question as such prevails over all...
Who are you?
Expand all images
>>
No. 897798 ID: 094652

To your horror, looking in the mirror you see a jumbled mess of arcane incantations crushed into the ugly shape of a bald mammal girl. Looking at your body directly, you see you are some kind of shark anthro... definitely feminine, especially since those two beach balls are blocking your way. Your wrist reveals some kind of sprite tattoo... or is that a smartwatch? You suppose it's what you look like if not for this horrible glamour of evil words.
>>
No. 897810 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153463715112.png - (19.37KB , 500x500 , 1.png )
897810

>>897798
While there isn't actually a mirror in here, there is a front facing camera on your smartwatch. While your body is rather...displeasing, you suppose there isn't exactly a way to make yourself look any different.You move on to a different, but moderately less important question: what is your name?
i wasn't really sure how to draw this but i did my best
>>
No. 897821 ID: 094652

You are Voice. You were given this name by... Summer. Who is Summer? In every memory you have of them, their body is replaced with a giant cut-out hole. But you clearly called that hole "Summer".

You could call yourself Voice Summerdottir.
>>
No. 897825 ID: e2ea73

Are you sure that's not just the last picture you took on your watch? Perhaps you are really a girl, a little forgetful, clearly fascinated by machinery, and who makes use of various odds and ends to help yourself like your smart watch, glasses and utility belt.

...and you're also easier to draw...

Your name is Effie, now investigate that machine!
>>
No. 897826 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153464221879.png - (11.20KB , 500x500 , 2.png )
897826

>>897821
You recall your name as Voice Summerdottir. Although having this name would have you assume you are Summer's daughter, you have no idea who Summer is. How strange.
Now that we have your identity out of the way, you suppose we should be making our way to the subject of the strange machine planted in front of you. What to do...
>>
No. 897829 ID: e2ea73

Press blue button.
>>
No. 897832 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153464294084.png - (19.30KB , 500x500 , 3.png )
897832

>>897825
>>897829
>Are you sure that's the correct picture?
Yes, it's the only picture there. Though you are correct, perhaps you just need glasses or something. That might be a bit more believable than being a weird word-ridden anthro shark monstrocity. You will, however, keep the name Voice. It suits you, you think.
>Press blue button.
Um..?
>>
No. 897833 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153464301293.png - (6.14KB , 500x500 , 4.png )
897833

It doesn't appear to be a button. More of a place to put things. Or perhaps a place where things show up.
Just a blue circle on the top of the machine pretty much.
>>
No. 897851 ID: e2ea73

Search for buttons and then press them.
>>
No. 897855 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153464720548.png - (6.37KB , 500x500 , 5.png )
897855

>>897851
There's one, single button near the bottom labeled "GO" and colored red. There's also a switch, and six dials, but who needs those when you have a big red button. You press it.
>>
No. 897856 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153464721114.png - (10.04KB , 500x500 , 6.png )
897856

>>
No. 897857 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153464723602.png - (8.30KB , 500x500 , 7.png )
897857

You create a blue cube.
>>
No. 897870 ID: 977456

Press the button again while the cube is still there. Place the result on your head.
>>
No. 897874 ID: e2ea73

>>897870
I like the sound of this plan. Also try putting a different foreign object in the blue zone and then pushing the button.
>>
No. 897875 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153464999075.png - (13.52KB , 500x500 , 8.png )
897875

>>897870
Pressing it again seemed to just change the color of the cube, rather than make anything suitable to put on your head, but regardless you place the now green cube onto your head.
You feel rather silly.
>>
No. 897876 ID: e2ea73

Stick something else in there. The plan that cannot go wrong!
>>
No. 897878 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153465129479.png - (10.91KB , 500x500 , 9.png )
897878

>>897876
Well...What do you want to put onto it? There's your smartwatch, and you have some things on your utility belt you could use, namely a hammer, a wrench, a screwdriver, a taser (for emergencies only), and one of those bubble-in-the-water balancing doohickeys. Whatever those are called.
>>
No. 897879 ID: 094652

Well, you could stick your tail in there. But that would be silly-dangerous!

Fiddle with one knob at a time, using binary to try out all sorts of combinations. Record them on your smartwatch.
>>
No. 897880 ID: e2ea73

Try the hammer.

If you like to live dangerously you could put your hand in it if it doesn't do something horrible to the hammer.
>>
No. 897885 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153465317489.png - (5.04KB , 500x500 , 10.png )
897885

>>897879
>>897880
>Fiddle with the knobs and try out different combinations!
Yeah, that would probably be a better idea than just pressing the red button over and over again.
>Use hammer.
Alright.

You twist the top left knob all the way to the right, then press the button.
>>
No. 897886 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153465318642.png - (41.03KB , 500x500 , 11.png )
897886

>>
No. 897888 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153465325152.png - (8.56KB , 500x500 , 12.png )
897888

You get what looks like...one of those balloon hammers you'd get at the fair.

Seeing it makes you disgustingly happy and nostalgic for some reason, even though you have no real recollection of getting something like this.
>>
No. 897891 ID: 094652

Hm. Now try turning that one knob to vertical. Press the button. Turn the knob right, press button again. In theory this might reverse whatever you just did.
>>
No. 897899 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153465664358.png - (5.04KB , 500x500 , 13.png )
897899

>>897891
You twist the knob back to what you guess is "neutral" and press the button again.
>>
No. 897900 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153465664821.png - (11.46KB , 500x500 , 14.png )
897900

>>
No. 897901 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153465674843.png - (8.56KB , 500x500 , 15.png )
897901

You get what looks like a duller and generally less bright color-wise version of the previous item. It also no longer retains its "happy nostalgia" property it had before.

It's also about as heavy as the original hammer from your utility belt, as well as being made out of an unknown metal, probably iron.
>>
No. 897902 ID: 3d1cb0

>>897899
fuck i forgot to get rid of the other hammer now you all know how lazy i am
>>
No. 897903 ID: e2ea73

Turn that dial back up and make the green cube happy.
>>
No. 897905 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153465751087.png - (6.13KB , 500x500 , 18.png )
897905

>>897903
You place the green cube onto the machine, putting the hammer back onto your utility belt.

You turn the dial and press the button.
>>
No. 897906 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153465751642.png - (144.82KB , 500x500 , 16.png )
897906

>>
No. 897907 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153465755777.png - (7.49KB , 500x500 , 17.png )
897907

You now have a new friend.

You will love and care for this friend forever.

He is adorable and you will never hurt him.
>>
No. 897910 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153465814135.png - (8.84KB , 500x500 , Untitled.png )
897910

okay so,
it's like 2 am where i am and i'd rather not wake up at 12 tomorrow
so i mean
you can keep posting here i guess
speculate whatever
but i,
am going to sleep. goodnight
>>
No. 897916 ID: e2ea73

Talk to the cube. Create another cube to experiment on.
>>
No. 897926 ID: 76ed15

Fiddle with other knobs. Press button.
>>
No. 897972 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153470337469.png - (12.07KB , 500x500 , 19.png )
897972

>>897916
>>897926
>Talk to the cube.
You attempt to talk to the cube...
It doesn't seem much for conversation.
>Make another cube to experiment on.
Oh yeah, the machine. You got so caught up in your friend here that you forgot it even existed. You have made another cube, this time in yellow.
>>
No. 897974 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153470340387.png - (7.87KB , 500x500 , 20.png )
897974

>Fiddle with other knobs.
Alright. You arrange them like this, then push the button.
>>
No. 897975 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153470341067.png - (65.85KB , 500x500 , 21.png )
897975

>>
No. 897977 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153470355889.png - (6.72KB , 500x500 , 22.png )
897977

It makes...your glasses! Huh. That's...useful. But also weird.
How did it know that you needed this? Why did it feel the need to add a flower (even though it is kinda cute)?

You suppose it doesn't really matter, because now you have your glasses back, and I don't have to draw boobs mcwordsalot anymore, i mean, you'll actually be able to see correctly.
>>
No. 897986 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153470473323.png - (9.54KB , 500x500 , 23.png )
897986

Welp, might as well put them on.
>>
No. 897987 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153470473963.png - (9.45KB , 500x500 , 24.png )
897987

>>
No. 897988 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153470479091.png - (8.14KB , 500x500 , 25.png )
897988

Finally, you can see.
And now you don't think you're a shark-word-person-whatever.
>>
No. 897990 ID: 4f1cbc

>>897988
Were you just confused about what you are, or does who and what you are actually change with your clothes? (Or your eyewear, at least).
>>
No. 898001 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153470878448.gif - (68.76KB , 1000x1000 , 26.gif )
898001

>>897990
You...huh. You don't actually know. You're pretty sure that you are, in fact, this girl you're inhabiting, but maybe the glasses really are the one doing this. Weird. Either way, you're not planning on taking these off again anytime soon.
>>
No. 898004 ID: 33cbe7

Just as one liiiittle test, take something off your toolbelt and confirm it still exists when you remove the glasses.
>>
No. 898006 ID: 4f1cbc

>>898001
An easy way to check it is to try and touch your tail.

If you have a tail, that supports shark-girl weirdness, and if it goes away when you put your glasses one, that supports a transformation.
>>
No. 898010 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153471126945.png - (9.96KB , 500x500 , 27.png )
898010

>>898006
>Do a reality check, see if you have a tail.
You suppose this would be a good way to check this. The best way to do this it seems to you is to just kind of...grab your tail and put on the glasses.
>>
No. 898011 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153471128197.png - (9.00KB , 500x500 , 28.png )
898011

So you just..kinda...
>>
No. 898012 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153471128680.png - (5.56KB , 500x500 , 29.png )
898012

>>
No. 898014 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153471169748.png - (7.95KB , 500x500 , 30.png )
898014

Ow. You sorta underestimated how strongly you were holding that.
But now you know. These glasses, rather than actually getting you to see better, just changes your form entirely...Weird.
>>
No. 898032 ID: 094652

>Shapeshifter glasses
Cool.

Okay, now that you are ready to face the public (and the private, thanks to your fetish-inducing natural curves), look for an exit.
>>
No. 898036 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153471475850.png - (10.52KB , 500x500 , 31.png )
898036

>>898032
>Find a way out.
Uh...
>>
No. 898037 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153471477334.png - (8.83KB , 500x500 , 32.png )
898037

...there might be a bit of a problem with that.
>>
No. 898046 ID: 977456

Wear glasses, sit on blue dot, press button with foot, remove glasses.
break off some hair and make a loop, use screwdriver and wrench to hammer the hair loop into the wall, hang glasses from hair-loop so that the wall is wearing the glasses, punch girl, retrieve glasses, place glasses on Friendbrick, walk over floored wall with Friend-brick-glasses-girl.
>>
No. 898050 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153471915558.png - (10.62KB , 500x500 , 33.png )
898050

>>898046
You uh..
You don't exactly have the strength or tools to rip off your hair.
And even then, those are kind of some really specific and not really helpful instructions.
>>
No. 898056 ID: 4f1cbc

Well, unless you find a place you need to swim across, being able to see is probably more useful than being a shark girl, for now. So keep the on.

>stuck here
I guess it's time to keep fiddling with the controls, then.

We know how to make cubes, and you can take cubes and see what the other setting change them into. Maybe something else will help?
>>
No. 898057 ID: f64c93

Make another pair of glasses and put them on your brick friend.
>>
No. 898065 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153472469999.png - (4.22KB , 500x500 , 34.png )
898065

>>898056
>>898057
sry was taking shower
>Make some glasses for your brick friend.
You decide to make some headwear for your new green friend. The block ends up purple, and then you make some purple glasses out of them. Cube friend stays basically the same, sans the glasses.
>Make more cubes, try each setting.
>>
No. 898066 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153472472410.png - (29.68KB , 500x500 , 35.png )
898066

More cubes. Very many cubes.
>>
No. 898067 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153472517054.png - (6.91KB , 500x500 , 36.png )
898067

Alright, that's a pretty sizeable stack-o-cubes. You arrange them into a brick pattern in the shape of a triangle just because you can.

You decide to start with the top left dial. It just seems like the obvious first choice.
>>
No. 898069 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153472532488.png - (7.87KB , 500x500 , 37.png )
898069

You twist it all the way to the left this time.
>>
No. 898073 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153472575909.png - (93.54KB , 500x500 , 38.png )
898073

>>
No. 898075 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153472583288.png - (8.45KB , 500x500 , 39.png )
898075

Sad cube.

You feel a wave of depression hit you like a truck. You feel like you might be dying, but you know you're not. Feeling like this makes you want to die. It's overwhelmingly sad. You haven't felt worse in your life.
>>
No. 898082 ID: 094652

Quick! Change it into a happy cube!

Also, focus on making a skateboard or some other transport vehicle. To put the boxes on. Let the boxes ride away from this place.
>>
No. 898092 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153473073798.png - (8.64KB , 500x500 , 40.png )
898092

>>898082
>Make it happy!
In an effort to make yourself less depressed, you set the dial to the same one that put a happy face on the previous cube. It does make it and you happier, but it's still crying...? Weird.

>Send the other boxes on an amazing journey into oblivion.
That's not a very good idea, considering you are supposed to be experimenting with those. Without these, you'll probably never find out what each of them do.
>>
No. 898102 ID: 094652

On to the next dial!
>>
No. 898106 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153473721993.png - (7.86KB , 500x500 , 41.png )
898106

>>898102
Okay, so it's safe to assume that, besides the neutral state, that top left dial controls an emotion associated with that object. On to the next dial in sequence from left to right, top to bottom; the top-middle one.
You just set it all the way to the right because, I mean, you don't know what it does. Best way to find out is to just max it out I guess.
>>
No. 898107 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153473722921.png - (123.09KB , 500x500 , 42.png )
898107

>>
No. 898108 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153473734480.png - (6.47KB , 500x500 , 43.png )
898108

Looks like...A pen.
A very poor choice of color for a pen, but a pen nonetheless.
Might be useful? At some point? Maybe...?
>>
No. 898113 ID: 4f1cbc

>>898108
Test that it works. You seem to have no shortage of white walls.
>>
No. 898116 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153473888343.png - (9.07KB , 500x500 , 44.png )
898116

>>898113
You draw a little puke-yellow smiley on the wall.
Well, atleast it works. You suppose that if for nothing else it is useful for alleviating boredom.
>>
No. 898118 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153473927121.png - (11.21KB , 500x500 , Untitled2.png )
898118

Unfortunately I must slumber once more. See all of you tomorrow, probably in the afternoon or sometime around then.

in the afternoon if you're in NY i mean
or florida
or...other places in that timezone
>>
No. 898125 ID: 977456

Use the pen to change the time to six o'clock.
>>
No. 898159 ID: e2ea73

Try making a few more pens and changing the happy level on them.
>>
No. 898217 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153480269237.png - (7.86KB , 500x500 , 45.png )
898217

>>898125
>>898159
>Change time to 6 o'clock.
>Make more pens, and then also add the happy-ifier to it.
Alright. You set the second dial to the same as it was for the pen, and...
Alright. You turn the dials to the same
>>
No. 898218 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153480270927.png - (7.64KB , 500x500 , 46.png )
898218

wh
What.
>>
No. 898219 ID: 4f1cbc

>>898218
Is that a GBA and a stack of games? Nice!
>>
No. 898220 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153480372189.png - (10.54KB , 500x500 , 47.png )
898220

>>898219
That it is. You've gotta say, you're pleasantly surprised with this machine. It appears that the knob you're playing with now just kinda...makes an item that is useful to you. So you guess it's trying to make you less bored, because that's essentially your #1 concern right now. So that's cool.
You can only assume that putting it all the way to the left makes it unusable. I guess that setting could work well as a shredder if you needed one.
>>
No. 898229 ID: a1c7f7

OK, vividly visualise a burger and try this again. Are you hungry?
>>
No. 898399 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153489120009.png - (7.60KB , 500x500 , 48.png )
898399

>>898229
>Think of something to eat, and then press the button.
Yes, you suppose you are quite hungry around now. In fact, it feels as if you haven't existed for the past 24 hours! How strange. But as is expected that would leave someone quite starving. Since this dial seems to control basically whether or not what you get is useful, you sort of shift around your balances and make hunger your priority right now.
>>
No. 898400 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153489195773.png - (107.39KB , 500x500 , 49.png )
898400

While thinking about as hard as you can about that goddamn burger, you press the button.
>>
No. 898401 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153489197805.png - (7.46KB , 500x500 , 50.png )
898401

...
Well it's a burger.
>>
No. 898404 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153489261137.png - (6.82KB , 500x500 , 51.png )
898404

...You don't really trust a burger that was spawned into existence by a strange psychic machine, but hey. Food is food!
>>
No. 898407 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153489317793.png - (7.03KB , 500x500 , 52.png )
898407

>>
No. 898408 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153489340624.png - (6.99KB , 500x500 , 53.png )
898408

It's uh..

It's not...the best...
>>
No. 898409 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153489351544.png - (7.20KB , 500x500 , 53.png )
898409

>>898408
whats a continuity
>>
No. 898412 ID: 4f1cbc

>It's not...the best...
Well, that's not good. If the machine won't produce food, you really need to get out of here.
>>
No. 898415 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153489466639.png - (12.07KB , 500x500 , 54.png )
898415

>>898412
Well you see, that is sort of the whole problem.

You seem to be stuck in an infinite hallway...somehow. You're not sure how you got here, who made this machine, hell you barely remember who you are or who your mother is. All you know is there's a machine, and you're in a hallway with no visible doors or ways out.

So, in conclusion:
You may or may not be fucked.
>>
No. 898417 ID: 094652

>>898415
At this point, ensuring you have clean air is a must. The hallway may be long, but the air gets stale without enough wind over a tiresome distance.

Build an air purifier and some batteries. Try thinking up a stable radiation-contained nuclear battery that can keep things steady if there is a power failure in the room.

After that, work on building drones that can scout the hall and beyond for you.
>>
No. 898421 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153489567471.png - (10.02KB , 500x500 , 54.png )
898421

>>898417
That's..
>>
No. 898422 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153489570649.png - (9.84KB , 500x500 , 55.png )
898422

...
Not a bad idea actually.
>Circulate and purify air somehow.
>>
No. 898425 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153489618215.png - (7.03KB , 500x500 , 56.png )
898425

You're not really sure how you would possibly do that with this machine, since you still don't really know much about it.

So you could either:
A: Keep experimenting until you know absolutely everything about this machine
B: Twist knobs randomly and get lucky.

And of course, there's still a completely unexplored third option:
C: flick the switch.
>>
No. 898427 ID: 4f1cbc

The device might be able to make "simple" foods easier than a burger. A burger has a lot of parts and chemistry.

A glass of water might be easier, for example. (And more pressing, technically. You'll die of thirst before you starve. Although Kome's right, you'll suffocate if you run out of air, too).

>what do
Try the switch. We might as well get a better idea of the breadth of this thing's capabilities before we start trying to plan long term survival using it.
>>
No. 898444 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153489988499.png - (7.33KB , 500x500 , 57.png )
898444

>>898427
>flip switch
You flip the switch near the bottom, and the blue circle turns red, along with another switch appearing near the top.
>>
No. 898459 ID: 977456

You know what would be really useful right now? Some instructions for operating that machine! but... the burger was bad, so the instructions would probably be super-dense, poorly indexed, and as dry as a desiccated anchovy, with no pictures. Better than nothing though? Or you could just make yourself more useful...
>>
No. 898478 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153490410060.png - (13.30KB , 500x500 , 58.png )
898478

>>898459
Alright. You think reallly hard about just...fuckin, making some instructions.

You REALLY need these instructions, this would be THE MOST USEFUL thing right now...
>>
No. 898482 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153490451326.png - (27.72KB , 500x500 , 59.png )
898482

>>
No. 898486 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153490480884.png - (10.42KB , 500x500 , 60.png )
898486

well have fun with the cliffhanger im goin to bed again
school is a ruthless beast that i need a full night of sleep to conquer

>>
No. 898487 ID: 3d1cb0

also;
give it a name and ill choose one tomorrow
>>
No. 898522 ID: 33cbe7

Trixie the tutorial pixie.
>>
No. 898643 ID: b45630

Oooh, that's strong. Trixie it is.
>>
No. 898644 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153497986756.png - (7.73KB , 500x500 , 61.png )
898644

...
>>
No. 898651 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153498137309.png - (9.05KB , 500x500 , 62.png )
898651

>>
No. 898652 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153498138199.png - (8.84KB , 500x500 , 63.png )
898652

>>
No. 898653 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153498138946.png - (6.11KB , 500x500 , 64.png )
898653

>>
No. 898654 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153498139612.png - (5.83KB , 500x500 , 65.png )
898654

>>
No. 898655 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153498140373.png - (82.95KB , 500x500 , 66.png )
898655

>>
No. 898656 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153498140989.png - (8.26KB , 500x500 , 67.png )
898656

>>
No. 898657 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153498141939.png - (9.69KB , 500x500 , 68.png )
898657

>>
No. 898658 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153498142642.png - (7.43KB , 500x500 , 69.png )
898658

>>
No. 898659 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153498143418.png - (7.22KB , 500x500 , 70.png )
898659

>>
No. 898661 ID: 4f1cbc

No, don't be spooked, she's cute!

Also you're no longer alone, which is an improvement.
>>
No. 898662 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153498216471.png - (10.99KB , 500x500 , 71.png )
898662

for those who can't read my handwriting or something:
O-oh no! Are you okay? I-I didn't mean to scare you like that! S-sorry...
>>
No. 898668 ID: 33cbe7

Hello friend! We're trying to use this machine to leave this hallway. Does one of these buttons rotate gravity by 90 degrees? (better create a parachute first)
>>
No. 898670 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153498780227.png - (8.29KB , 500x500 , 72.png )
898670

>>898668
"I'm afraid not. However.."
>>
No. 898671 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153498782858.png - (12.77KB , 500x500 , 73.png )
898671

"I COULD get this machine here to take you where you need to go."
>>
No. 898673 ID: 33cbe7

That works. You coming too?
>>
No. 898680 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153498947148.png - (10.21KB , 500x500 , 74.png )
898680

>>898673
I mean...
>>
No. 898681 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153498949356.png - (11.43KB , 500x500 , 75.png )
898681

I don't have anything else to do. So, sure.
>>
No. 898683 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153499142763.png - (14.07KB , 500x500 , Untitled3.png )
898683

alright boys time for sleep once more
see you tomorrow
>>
No. 898718 ID: 4f1cbc

>"I COULD get this machine here to take you where you need to go."
Cool we're not trapped anymore.

Although maybe it would be better if you elaborated on the machine's capabilities before we leave it behind. Now that escape is less pressing, there might be something else we want to do with it first.
>>
No. 898787 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153506365819.png - (11.05KB , 500x500 , 76.png )
898787

>>898718
Alright. Let me just borrow this pen right quick...
>>
No. 898788 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153506399852.png - (5.80KB , 500x500 , 77.png )
898788

The top left, as you might have noticed, controls the emotion you feel regarding the object. This is sort of self explanatory - it makes you feel things. Originally there was also meant to be anger and horny. Well the horny part was kind of a joke BUT they did implement this in a sort of roundabout way.

Putting an object in, and setting it to happy, then sad, then fear will make anger. Add the last emotion and it will make horny things. This hasn't really been tested but they're pretty sure that it works.
>>
No. 898789 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153506433199.png - (6.42KB , 500x500 , 78.png )
898789

The top middle dial controls how useful the item actually is.

This ranges from purely aesthetic uses to things you urgently need. How the machine actually determines this is unknown.
>>
No. 898790 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153506467680.png - (6.15KB , 500x500 , 79.png )
898790

The top right controls how easy it is to look at, how pretty it is, how pleasing to the eye it is.

This ranges from complete and utter garbage design to masterpieces of creations. If you keep layering the masterpiece option it may or may not force you to look at it forever.
>>
No. 898794 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153506512861.png - (6.53KB , 500x500 , 80.png )
898794

The bottom left dial essentially justifies how unique the new object is.

It ranges from being not really all that creative with what it makes, to things that are completely unique to itself. It's also a good way to get really random stuff.
>>
No. 898795 ID: 977456

How do you feel about knowing your own settings?
>>
No. 898796 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153506571067.png - (6.97KB , 500x500 , 81.png )
898796

The bottom middle dial relates to the attachment the object has to the users life, whether it be emotionally or literally. By literally I mean it could actually bring an object from your past into the future.

This can range from completely false and irrelevant objects or information to stalker-like accuracy with its depictions. A photo from your childhood, your first toothbrush -- do you dare to see what comes from it?
>>
No. 898797 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153506582229.png - (6.01KB , 500x500 , 82.png )
898797

And finally, the thing you used to make me: Consciousness.

This dial is in its initial state inactive, but with the flick of the switch near the bottom, it becomes active and anything you produce will be able to be alive and maybe conscious. The levels go from potato, to an anime trope character, all the way to literally god.
>>
No. 898799 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153506672788.png - (13.44KB , 500x500 , 83.png )
898799

>>898795
You set me with the anime trope option, so I can only feel happy, sad, or embarrassed. So, I feel...uh...
>>
No. 898800 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153506673484.png - (9.10KB , 500x500 , 84.png )
898800

>>
No. 898801 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153506674775.png - (7.44KB , 500x500 , 85.png )
898801

Happy, I guess.
>>
No. 898802 ID: 094652

So what's to stop us from making items that are mostly biased towards usefulness and uniqueness? Not that we won't be making a few ugly paintings for the art.
>>
No. 898806 ID: 575ec0

None
Not usable
Dull
Boring
Irrelevant
Literally God

GOD SHALL BE AN ORDINARY POTATO.
UNMOVING AND UNSPEAKING, IT SHALL KNOW THE UNIVERSE AND THE UNIVERSE SHALL KNOW IT.

>>
No. 898807 ID: 50d544

Maybe we can mod in some tsundere to give you an angry option. How do you feel aboutvthat?
>>
No. 898811 ID: 4f1cbc

>>898801
Would you want us to layer more emotional or mental capabilities on you?
>>
No. 898831 ID: 094652

With all this accessibility, I have an idea.

You have a near-infinite hallway with which to put STUFF. You have a machine that can summon almost anything.

After you're done summoning life support? Miniature worlds, self-contained and easily placed on little minecarts, followed by tracks and robots to build them. Finally, a VR / micro-clone set so you can play with different worlds without leaving this wonderous machine.

Unlimited adventure and a mod machine for unlucky rolls.
>>
No. 898886 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153515377818.png - (9.98KB , 500x500 , 86.png )
898886

>>898807
>>898811
It's nice of you to care so much! But...
>>
No. 898887 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153515382248.png - (10.18KB , 500x500 , 87.png )
898887

Testing on the living is a bit of a tricky process. If you mess up, the results could be...
>>
No. 898888 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153515383751.png - (17.79KB , 500x500 , 88.png )
898888

...less than fortunate, to say the least.
>>
No. 898889 ID: 4f1cbc

Well let's not do that, then.
>>
No. 898893 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153515548614.png - (8.75KB , 500x500 , no anon no.png )
898893

>>898806
no
>>
No. 898910 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153516191768.png - (13.12KB , 500x500 , 89.png )
898910

>>898831
You shouldn't need to worry too much. This way out I'm making you should give enough air for you. And as for that other idea...
>>
No. 898911 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153516194309.png - (11.71KB , 500x500 , 90.png )
898911

...I shouldn't have to even explain how horrible of an idea that is to you.
>>
No. 898914 ID: 575ec0

>>898893
The Joy this brings me has left tears in my eyes. XD

But srsly though. What if we made 2 or more items that were literally god?
Would like... A pantheon happen?
Maybe reality breaking rivalries?
>>
No. 898916 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153516335332.png - (3.07KB , 500x500 , probably.png )
898916

>>898914
>>
No. 898934 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153516628246.png - (19.64KB , 500x500 , Untitled4.png )
898934

the very big sleep

goodnight
>>
No. 898981 ID: 2b0460

>>898914
I just assumed the anon that vetoed the god-potato idea was the god the builders of this machine created when testing it. I mean, how else would they know that dial makes gods without making one.
>>
No. 899010 ID: 184efd

>>898934
Next time you wake up, maybe make yourself and your friend a bed/Beds. Can't be comfortable sleeping on the ground.
>>
No. 899037 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153523833751.png - (6.93KB , 500x500 , 91.png )
899037

And...it's...
>>
No. 899038 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153523835077.png - (9.17KB , 500x500 , 92.png )
899038

Finished!
>>
No. 899039 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153523844466.png - (285.49KB , 500x500 , 93.png )
899039

you know that sound? the one that plays for like the ZA WARUDO? yeah that is what you hear when this happens
>>
No. 899040 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153523851550.png - (6.99KB , 500x500 , 94.png )
899040

Wh--
What?
That was kind of anticlimactic.

It makes some kind of grenade, you think? Except the pin is a doorknob. And also in big letters it is printed "DOOR" on one side.
>>
No. 899043 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153524035644.png - (8.79KB , 500x500 , 95.png )
899043

>>
No. 899044 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153524036339.png - (6.03KB , 500x500 , 96.png )
899044

>>
No. 899045 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153524037017.png - (4.60KB , 500x500 , 97.png )
899045

>>
No. 899046 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153524041031.png - (7.94KB , 500x500 , 98.png )
899046

The grenade "explodes", and a door appears on the wall where the grenade was placed.
"You coming, or what?"
>>
No. 899047 ID: 094652

Uh... sure? Why are we leaving the machine that can build us anything?
>>
No. 899051 ID: 33cbe7

Let's just make another one of those before we go, then sure.
>>
No. 899058 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153524600533.png - (20.54KB , 500x500 , 99.png )
899058

>>899051
You create another door-nade juuust in case, and then you follow Trixie through the door...

Wait, she hasn't even told you her name, has she? You just kind of...chose one. Whatever, you'll ask her about it later.

"Okay, in that case, say hello to..."
>>
No. 899059 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153524618942.png - (78.07KB , 500x500 , 100.png )
899059

"...The Void."
>>
No. 899066 ID: e2ea73

Hello void.

Don't make eye contact.
>>
No. 899067 ID: 33cbe7

So much open space. You know what this means? Jetpack time. Set dials to happy/neither/pretty/inventive/null/no consciousness and see if you've got the hang of this thing you will no longer be using.
>>
No. 899082 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153525466745.png - (14.89KB , 500x500 , 101.png )
899082

>>899066
You attempt to refuse eye contact with The NoidVoid, and fail. It is kind of everywhere.
>>
No. 899088 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153525601886.png - (19.66KB , 500x500 , 102.png )
899088

You ask Trixie if she knows if anything or anyone interesting is out there.
>>
No. 899089 ID: 3d1cb0

>>899088
ah shit didnt add captions uh
I don't really have anything else to say. There COULD be people out there, but i know so little of this place i can't give a clear answer
>>
No. 899109 ID: 3d1cb0

its 1 am so i am sleep again
i don't have a picture this time becuase im too tired to try to draw something
>>
No. 899115 ID: 094652

... OH, DOODY, DOODY.
We can make an infinite dungeon out of this place! Some room grenades, furniture, a box of twinkies, so many possibilities!

Well, first and foremost, we should limit what we drop in the void. Physics could be an ass without an anchoring object to catch any falling items safely.

But yeah, can you make some giant room grenades? OH, and for convenience purposes, a map that auto-records any new rooms we make?
>>
No. 899195 ID: 4f1cbc

I guess we need to explore? Unless we can build doors that go to other places.
>>
No. 899827 ID: 3d1cb0
File 153576024908.png - (97.77KB , 500x500 , bye for now.png )
899827

ok
i know this was pretty evident at this point but i kinda need a break from this for a while
so ill make a new thread when i don't feel so tired all the goddamn time
see you all probably next week
>>
No. 900853 ID: 3d1cb0

>>>900852
new thread!!
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password