[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 898550)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39020 unique user posts. View catalog

File 153495178946.png - (4.48KB , 800x600 , 0.png )
898550 No. 898550 ID: 15a025

Previous Threads:
https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/827428.html
https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/842528.html
https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/868410.html
https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/879792.html

Discussion Thread: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/115339.html

Wiki Page: https://tgchan.org/wiki/The_Herd
Expand all images
>>
No. 898552 ID: 15a025
File 153495199098.gif - (30.34KB , 800x600 , 1.gif )
898552

I snatch my towel off the floor and try to quickly dry off after that ice shower. Kyle's nuts if he honestly thinks anyone is going to spend more than, what, five minutes in there? At least the shower worked first try today. While I'm drying off, I snap you guys back onto my ear.

It's not often I say it, but I wish I had a blow drier. Not a fan of the noise or how poofy it makes my wool but it'd beat standing here freezing.
>>
No. 898553 ID: 15a025
File 153495201378.png - (5.58KB , 800x600 , 2.png )
898553

Once I'm all dried off I head back in the living room with everyone else.

Kyle: "I thought there wasn't a pharmacy at the mall."

Marsh: "I could of almost swore that too. I think it just opened up recently."

Kyle: "Whatever, long as the crap works I don't care."
>>
No. 898554 ID: 15a025
File 153495203755.png - (5.56KB , 800x600 , 3.png )
898554

He grabs a can of beer of the table and takes a sip.
Kyle: "So you wanna remind me why you're still here?"

Candy: "To make Sharcole's going to be able to get some sleep tonight."

Kyle: "Yeah, and what's that entail? She need some kind of certain mattress or pillow or what?"
>>
No. 898579 ID: b1b4f3

I dunno, just thought there might be a reason for it, instead of just stress or a random bout of insomnia.
>>
No. 898616 ID: 91ee5f

>>898554
>”So you wanna remind me why you're still here?”
“We’re trying to see if we can find what’s keeping Sharcole up all night.”

Also, ask him if he ever noticed anything that could be keeping her up all night? Since they’re roommates, whatever is keeping her up would also be keeping him up.
>>
No. 898758 ID: 15a025
File 153503866267.png - (5.66KB , 800x600 , 4.png )
898758

>I dunno, just thought there might be a reason for it, instead of just stress or a random bout of insomnia.
>“We’re trying to see if we can find what’s keeping Sharcole up all night.”
>ask him if he ever noticed anything that could be keeping her up all night? Since they’re roommates, whatever is keeping her up would also be keeping him up.
Candy: "We're just trying to find out if there's something keep her up at night. Any ideas?"

Kyle: "Nope."

Candy: "Nothing keeping you up at night?"

Kyle: "I work a lot of nights, so I wouldn't know."

Marsh: "You actually go out at night?"

Kyle: "No. I get paid to go down and play lobby music at the dining room downstairs. Been trying to get better since there's a little more competition in the complex."

Candy: "Like a battle of the bands thing?"

Kyle: "No, some friends of the owner moved in awhile ago and they've been trying to take our spot. They're not half bad, but they don't play any of the music we play. I doubt they're going to be able to take our main spot, but doubt leads to downfall."
>>
No. 898760 ID: 4f1cbc

>>898758
Well if she can't hear the music up here, it's probably not that.
>>
No. 898766 ID: 91ee5f

>>898758
>music
Maybe it’s a band that’s practicing their music in one of the rooms? Or if the walls and floors are thin enough, then the lobby performance is what’s keeping Sharcole awake?
>>
No. 899054 ID: 15a025
File 153524367345.png - (5.60KB , 800x600 , 5.png )
899054

>Well if she can't hear the music up here, it's probably not that.
>Maybe it’s a band that’s practicing their music in one of the rooms? Or if the walls and floors are thin enough, then the lobby performance is what’s keeping Sharcole awake?
Candy: "Maybe it's that band keeping her up?"

Kyle: "I'm all the way down on the first floor. I doubt anyone up here could hear us."

Candy : "I meant the other band you mentioned."

Kyle: "Not much anyone can do if it is them."

Marsh: "You wanna bet?"

Kyle: "You know what, sure. Head on up to room four-fifteen later."

Candy: "No, hang on. Why can't anything be done about it?"

Kyle: "They're friends of the owner. He ain't gonna do squat about them. Anyone complains and they get the boot or rent goes up, or some other shady crap."

Marsh: "Pretty sure that's not legal."

Sharcole: "Sadly it is..."

Candy: "How?"

Sharcole: "Rent laws haven't been updated in decades."

Sounds like I'm going to have to read through rent laws and find out what's up with that later.
Candy: "So it's the band that's playing up stairs keeping you up at night?"

Sharcole: "Yeah, that's one of them."

Kyle: "One of them?"

He sets his beer on the table and gets up.

Marsh: "Coming with then?"

Kyle: "Hell no, we don't need our rent to go up again. I need to start warming up for the night before she starts getting ready for bed."

Marsh: "Yeah, I thought so. Alright, let's head up Candy."

Kyle: "Feel free to stay for the show tonight. Don't mention us to those losers either!"
>>
No. 899055 ID: 15a025
File 153524372022.png - (4.56KB , 800x600 , 6.png )
899055

Marsh hauls me up to their room.
Candy: "We don't even know it's them Marsh."

Marsh: "Only one way to find out, right?"

She knocks on their door and a lion pops his head out.

Lion: "Autographs are a buck, no body signings. Group photos are five. Buy a photo and we'll autograph it for free. Practice is in an hour if you wanna jam out with us. Seats are free till we start, after that it's five bucks to get in for interrupting."
>>
No. 899087 ID: 02a0f7

That honestly sounds pretty fair and chaste for a band. Maybe these guys are on the level?
>>
No. 899112 ID: 91ee5f

>>899054
>Sounds like I'm going to have to read through rent laws and find out what's up with that later.
You know who could help when it comes to laws? A cop.

It’s a good thing we’ve got some friends in the local police station that can help us get these laws updated! Because I’m sure in an area with up to date laws, what’s going on here is illegal and can get all of them kicked out and the owner arrested for crooked business practices!

>>899055
Sharcole is in Room 304 and these guys are in Room 415, just one floor up above her. If these guys are practicing up here, then they’re the reason for Sharcole’s insomnia!
>>
No. 899173 ID: 15a025
File 153530963501.png - (4.62KB , 800x600 , 7.png )
899173

>That honestly sounds pretty fair and chaste for a band. Maybe these guys are on the level?
>Sharcole is in Room 304 and these guys are in Room 415, just one floor up above her. If these guys are practicing up here, then they’re the reason for Sharcole’s insomnia!

They might be honest, but they're probably what's keeping Sharcole up all night.

Lion: "Uh... you two going to come in, or...oh! You're probably just shy, here. Come on in!"
He yanks me inside and Marsh comes running in after.
>>
No. 899174 ID: 15a025
File 153530967725.png - (5.14KB , 800x600 , 8.png )
899174

Lion: "You two are kind of early. We're still getting things hooked up, but feel free to sit on the couch and have some snacks or drinks."

Marsh: "We're not- did he say snacks and drinks?"

Lion: "Yeah. Chips and pretzels. There's beer and soda chilling in the fridge if you want some later. It's kind of warm since we just put it in."

Marsh: "Free drinks on a night I gotta drive, great..."

Candy: "Way to keep your mind on the important things Marsh."

Marsh: "Huh? Right! Look, you seem like an alright guy, but your practice sessions are keeping our friend downstairs up all night!"

Lion: "Alright, easy. Find us somewhere else to practice then. Either that, or come up with some other alternative yourself."
>>
No. 899254 ID: 08227f

Well, you probably can't afford to soundproof all their walls, but maybe there's a place you can have them practice?
>>
No. 899283 ID: 891b91

>>899174
The bar or the candy shop seem like the best options for practice locations, given that you’ve got access to both of them. That does raise the issue of trust, though — we don’t know these guys, so even though they seem friendly it’d probably be necessary to have someone tag along with them, to make sure they don’t steal anything. That’d just be shifting Sharcole’s problem onto you or Marsh. I guess having them practice at the mansion is possible, too, but Sugar would probably hate that idea, and the band isn’t likely to go for it due to the distance.

Aside from that, I’m not convinced we have the whole story about what’s going on with Sharcole. She’s been very hesitant to give details about what’s been keeping her up at night, and she said the band was only one of the causes. I still suspect Kyle may have something to do with it.

Maybe you should see what Marsh thinks, but I think the best solution to this problem is for Sharcole to move out. We could see about putting her up at the mansion, if she’s willing; of course, that’d put an end to your bathing arrangements, so something would need to be done about the plumbing situation in a hurry.
>>
No. 899285 ID: 91ee5f

>>899283
>The bar or the candy shop seem like the best options for practice locations, given that you’ve got access to both of them.
The candy shop doesn’t seem like the best idea. But the bar does sound like it would work, if Marsh is ok with it.

>I think the best solution to this problem is for Sharcole to move out.
We could also talk to Officer Nibbles and Officer Freeze about updating the laws so that the building owner can get the jail time he deserves for kicking people out and/or raising their rent for making noise complaints about his friends.
>>
No. 899289 ID: b1b4f3

Kyle and Sharcole might be having sex late at night, too.
>>
No. 899754 ID: 15a025
File 153574222310.png - (5.21KB , 800x600 , 9.png )
899754

>We could also talk to Officer Nibbles and Officer Freeze about updating the laws
That could work, but I'm pretty sure getting laws updated isn't something we can do overnight. We should probably focus on a more quicker solution for now.

>Well, you probably can't afford to soundproof all their walls, but maybe there's a place you can have them practice?
>The bar or the candy shop seem like the best options for practice locations, given that you’ve got access to both of them. That does raise the issue of trust, though — we don’t know these guys, so even though they seem friendly it’d probably be necessary to have someone tag along with them, to make sure they don’t steal anything.
I'm not sure the candy shop would be big enough to fit a band plus their equipment. The bar might work though?

>Aside from that, I’m not convinced we have the whole story about what’s going on with Sharcole. She’s been very hesitant to give details about what’s been keeping her up at night, and she said the band was only one of the causes. I still suspect Kyle may have something to do with it.
I wouldn't doubt it. His mood seems to have changed a little since we mentioned we're looking into Sharcole's problem.

>Maybe you should see what Marsh thinks, but I think the best solution to this problem is for Sharcole to move out. We could see about putting her up at the mansion, if she’s willing; of course, that’d put an end to your bathing arrangements, so something would need to be done about the plumbing situation in a hurry.
Candy: "Can we go out in the hall for a second?"

Lion: "Huh? Oh yeah sure thing. Just remember if you wanna jam out with us, hurry back before eight!"
>>
No. 899755 ID: 15a025
File 153574231450.png - (4.29KB , 800x600 , 10.png )
899755

Marsh: "What's up?"

Candy: "Alright, I've got a couple ideas here. First, how about having them practice at the bar?"

Marsh: "Not sure if I'm a fan of that idea. We just met him and we don't even know what the rest of the band is like, or what kind of music they play."

Candy: "Alright, other idea. We'd probably lose our free cold showers, but, what about having Sharcole just move in with us?"

Marsh: "I'm more worried about Sharcole than I am with getting a shower. Let's head down back to her place and ask. I'm pretty sure Sugar could care less if she moved in."
>>
No. 899756 ID: 15a025
File 153574234008.png - (4.79KB , 800x600 , 11.png )
899756

We start heading back down to Sharcole's place, but stop when we see a coyote hauling up a heavy looking amplifier.

Coyote: "This stupid thing better work tonight. Hey you groupies or whatever wanna get out of my way? This junker isn't exactly the easiest thing to haul up!"

Marsh: "Give me that thing, I'll haul it for you."

Coyote: "Like a sissy like you could-"
>>
No. 899757 ID: 15a025
File 153574237320.png - (4.74KB , 800x600 , 12.png )
899757

She just lifts it up from him like nothing.

Marsh: "Wimp. What room's this thing going to?"

Coyote: "Four-o-nine, for now at least."

Candy: "So what's wrong with it?"

Coyote: "Just an old piece of crap we're trying to modify to... be a little more modern."

Marsh: "Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just buy a new one?"

Coyote: "No."

Marsh: "You in a band or something?"

Coyote: "No, just the repair dude for the group in four-fifteen."
>>
No. 899758 ID: 15a025
File 153574256097.png - (4.90KB , 800x600 , 13.png )
899758

We walk back down over to four-o-nine where Marsh sets the amp down.

Coyote: "Alright, scram you two. I got work to get done here."

Marsh: "Yeah. You're welcome, jerk."

Coyote: "Right, thanks for the help."

Marsh: "By the way, call us 'groupies' again and your head'll be sticking out of the floor."

Coyote: "Yeah, I'd like to see you-"

She starts letting a growl out."

Candy: "Come on, let's just go Marsh."
>>
No. 899759 ID: 15a025
File 153574264423.png - (5.77KB , 800x600 , 14.png )
899759

With that strange encounter over, we make our way back to Sharcole's place. Kyle's sitting on the couch playing a guitar while Sharcole looks like she's dozing off on the couch.
Sharcole: "You always have to play these old, slow, romance songs?"

Kyle: "I do it just for you."

Sharcole: "Gee, thanks"

She doesn't sound like she's into it at all.
He stops playing once Marsh plops down on the couch and he realizes we're back.

Kyle: "Take it nothing got accomplished up stairs?"

Marsh: "They'll practice somewhere else if we can find them a spot."

Kyle: "Good luck with that. Those dead beats aren't going anywhere unless it's free and they make some cash there too."

>I’m not convinced we have the whole story about what’s going on with Sharcole. She’s been very hesitant to give details about what’s been keeping her up at night, and she said the band was only one of the causes.
Candy: "Well, even if we do find them another spot, I get the feeling we might not have the full story on what's keeping her up. She said the band up there was only one of the causes."

Kyle: "Something else keeping you up?"

Sharcole: "N..not really."

Candy: "Then I suppose you don't mind if we stick around and see what we can't hear ourselves then?"

Kyle: "Like I said, you're out of here at ten. You can stick around till then."

Marsh: "Why only till ten?"

Kyle: "Because that's when I leave for my gig tonight. I don't want you up here snooping around or guzzling down all my beer again."
>>
No. 899765 ID: b1b4f3

>>899759
Waaaait a minute what if it's neighbors having loud sex and Sharcole is too embarrassed to talk about it.

Well, ask her if she'd object to moving.
>>
No. 899981 ID: 891b91

>>899759
>>899765
>Well, ask her if she'd object to moving.
Kyle has been strangely possessive of Sharcole this whole time, and frankly it kinda creeps me out. They aren't related (I think?), they aren't dating, and they don't even seem to be particularly good friends, so what's his deal? Maybe he's just protective of her for some reason we don't know about, but right now it seems more likely that this is a pathological situation. Worse yet, he seems to have some kind of control over Sharcole, and he'd probably dislike the idea of her moving out; he'd probably get angry and try to override the decision. I think we should wait to suggest it when Kyle isn't around -- tomorrow at the candy shop might be the best opportunity.

As for right now, I figure we have two options: we could hang around until Kyle kicks us out, and see if we can get an idea of what's really going on; or we could invite Sharcole to crash at the mansion for tonight, just so that she can get some guaranteed good sleep, and then broach the idea of moving in with us in the morning. If we want to be a bit riskier, too, we could also try to get Sharcole to let us back in after Kyle leaves, and see if we can find out why he doesn't want us snooping around. I wouldn't put it past him to unexpectedly return to "check up" on her, though.

I vote to invite her over, since it's innocent enough of a suggestion, and it allows us to feel out both Sharcole and Kyle on the idea of her leaving.
>>
No. 899982 ID: 91ee5f

>>899759
>"You always have to play these old, slow, romance songs?"
>"I do it just for you."
Is Kyle flirting with Sharcole? I honestly didn’t think he’d be interested in her.

.....speaking of romance, hey Candy, are you seeing anyone? Do you need us to help you get a boyfriend or a girlfriend?

>>899765
>Waaaait a minute what if it's neighbors having loud sex and Sharcole is too embarrassed to talk about it.
I mean maybe that’s a reason?

>>899981
>I vote to invite her over, since it's innocent enough of a suggestion, and it allows us to feel out both Sharcole and Kyle on the idea of her leaving.
Yeah, sure, let’s try that.
>>
No. 899983 ID: 91ee5f

>>899982
Just don’t try and force it if either of them say no.
>>
No. 900289 ID: 15a025
File 153600570825.png - (5.66KB , 800x600 , 15.png )
900289

>what if it's neighbors having loud sex and Sharcole is too embarrassed to talk about it.
>I mean maybe that’s a reason?
Given that comment from the coyote upstairs, I'm not sure I'd rule it out completely now.

>Is Kyle flirting with Sharcole? I honestly didn’t think he’d be interested in her.
>Kyle has been strangely possessive of Sharcole this whole time, and frankly it kinda creeps me out. They aren't related (I think?), they aren't dating, and they don't even seem to be particularly good friends, so what's his deal?
When we first met him here, he was pretty quick to cut off Sharcole and introduced himself as her boyfriend. Given how neither of them really get along though, I'm not sure why?

>Maybe he's just protective of her for some reason we don't know about, but right now it seems more likely that this is a pathological situation. Worse yet, he seems to have some kind of control over Sharcole, and he'd probably dislike the idea of her moving out; he'd probably get angry and try to override the decision. I think we should wait to suggest it when Kyle isn't around -- tomorrow at the candy shop might be the best opportunity.
I don't know what his deal is. The more I think about it, the more I don't like it. It's probably better if I wait to ask her at the store tomorrow.

>I vote to invite her over, since it's innocent enough of a suggestion, and it allows us to feel out both Sharcole and Kyle on the idea of her leaving.
>Yeah, sure, let’s try that. Just don’t try and force it if either of them say no.
Candy: "How about staying at the mansion tonight?"

Kyle: "I'm not driving an hour out of town to stay at that run down dump."

Marsh: "No-one was inviting you there to begin with. How do you even know it's a dump anyway?"

Kyle: "She acts like no-one's been there, but I've got buddies she's hauled out there before. Speaking of, wonder who she had over last night?"

Candy: "Okay, back to question. How about staying at the mansion with us tonight, Sharcole?"

Sharcole: "I'm not sure. Marsh makes it sound like Sugar's kind of loud and not all that great of a person to live with?"

Candy: "It's just for the night. I'm sure she'd be happy to have you over."

Sharcole: "I'm not-"
>>
No. 900290 ID: 15a025
File 153600574657.png - (3.37KB , 800x600 , 16.png )
900290

There's a loud pop and the lights go out.

Kyle: "Don't look at me, I just paid the utility bills."

Marsh: "How can you even see anything? It's almost pitch black in here."

I start groaning a bit as I get a little bit of a headache.

Marsh: "You alright there Candy?"

Candy: "Yeah, just a heada- whoa!"

Kyle: "At least try and make it to bathroom if you're going to get sick!"

This is really weird. I can't see anything, but if close my eyes and think a little now, I can see a white outline of myself standing around.
>>
No. 900292 ID: b1b4f3

I guess our blindsight property triggers if you can't see anything, not just when your eyes aren't working.

Try focusing on the others here.
>>
No. 900297 ID: 91ee5f

>>900290
>There's a loud pop and the lights go out.
>"Don't look at me, I just paid the utility bills."
A loud popping sound usually means that a lightbulb just burnt out.

But if you can’t hear any other electronics, such as the air conditioner, then that means that the power went out.

>This is really weird. I can't see anything, but if close my eyes and think a little now, I can see a white outline of myself standing around.
Huh, this is different from how Rainy sees things. Normally, the only thing she can see is a person’s soul, which she sees as a heart.

But since you’re not actually blind, I guess it works differently for you, which is why you can see an outline of yourself instead of a heart that represents your soul.

Try focusing a little harder. Maybe you’ll be able to see the others? And if you can’t see the others, then hopefully you’ll at least be able to see the environment around you! Because hitting your shin on a coffee table hurts like hell and we don’t want anyone else tripping and hitting their head on something!

Ask if anybody has a flashlight?
>>
No. 900443 ID: 02a0f7

...This is probably just me being paranoid here, but if you can, try to duck while putting your arms in front of your face so you don't hit anything on the way down.
>>
No. 900456 ID: 15a025
File 153609973735.png - (3.39KB , 800x600 , 17.png )
900456

>A loud popping sound usually means that a lightbulb just burnt out.
>if you can’t hear any other electronics, such as the air conditioner, then that means that the power went out.

Eugh, just the thought of an AC running in this place is giving me the chills. It's cold enough outside as it is. I'm surprised it hasn't really been snowing too much here, other than that storm from a few days ago. The only thing I can hear is Kyle still playing the guitar still.
>I guess our blindsight property triggers if you can't see anything, not just when your eyes aren't working.
When I tried to get it to work by just closing my eyes back at the park a few weeks ago, it didn't work. Guess it only works if really can't see?

>this is different from how Rainy sees things.
>But since you’re not actually blind, I guess it works differently for you.
Yeah, I remember way back in college when I blinded myself for a bit with an experiment this is a bit different from what I got. Could also be because I'm missing the other earring too?

>Try focusing a little harder. Maybe you’ll be able to see the others? And if you can’t see the others, then hopefully you’ll at least be able to see the environment around you!
>Try focusing on the others here.
I try to find a way to focus on where everyone is, but Kyle's stupid guitar is the only thing making any noise right now. Some pinkish grey heart thing blips over where he is? I remember this is supposed to work like some kind of mood detector or something too.

>Normally, the only thing she can see is a person’s soul, which she sees as a heart.
Or soul? I'm probably going to have to ask Officer Nibbles to explain what all the colors might mean in case this happens again. All I remember is if something's purple, it's cursed.
>>
No. 900457 ID: 15a025
File 153609979852.png - (3.43KB , 800x600 , 18.png )
900457

>hopefully you’ll at least be able to see the environment around you! Because hitting your shin on a coffee table hurts
I don't need to see the coffee table to remember where it's at. Unless something thinks it's funny to move it while I can't see. Some floor action would be- Ah there we go! Still no Marsh or Sharcole though?

>Ask if anybody has a flashlight?
Candy: "Anybody got a flashlight."

Kyle: "Got one in the kitchen but we're outta batteries."

Candy: "Of course."

Like I even know where the kitchen is anyway.
>>
No. 900459 ID: 15a025
File 153609991764.png - (3.39KB , 800x600 , 19.png )
900459

Someone starts knocking on the door.
Kyle: "Now who is it!"

He gets up to the answer the door.

Kyle: "Seriously, who is it. I can't see anything."

???: "Just the local neighborhood robber. Give me all your money Kyle."

Kyle: "Har, well if you're a robber you better stick'em up. I got a six shooter and a bullet with your name on it."

???: "Can't shoot what you can't see."

Kyle: "Alright, what's up Bari."

Bari: "More like, what's not. Someone blew out a couple fuses. The only floors with any power is the two hundred and the five hundred floor."
>>
No. 900506 ID: 891b91

>>900459
>Someone blew out a couple fuses.
I guess we have our new band buddies to thank for that. Or their repairman, more likely, since an amp on the fritz seems like a pretty likely culprit.

I think it's a bit concerning that Marsh and Sharcole's souls aren't appearing in your vision -- could they have left the room? You should call out and make sure they're still here.
>>
No. 900587 ID: 91ee5f

>>900459
Where’s Sharcole and Marsh? Call out to them.
>>
No. 900673 ID: 15a025
File 153624141347.png - (3.45KB , 800x600 , 20.png )
900673

>I guess we have our new band buddies to thank for that. Or their repairman, more likely, since an amp on the fritz seems like a pretty likely culprit.
Does an amplifier even use enough power to blow out fuses like this? Also kind of weird how two floors fuses didn't get blown?

>I think it's a bit concerning that Marsh and Sharcole's souls aren't appearing in your vision -- could they have left the room? You should call out and make sure they're still here.
>Where’s Sharcole and Marsh? Call out to them
While Kyle and his friend talk I try to find a way to get the others in view.
Candy: "Marsh?"

Marsh: "Yeah, what?"

Candy: "You still on the couch?"

Marsh: "Yeah?" What, you wanna sit down?"

Sharcole: "I wouldn't take Kyle's spot if I were you."

Kyle: "Hang on. Hey! Stay outta spot!"

Candy: "Jerk."

At least I can tell where everyone is now.
>>
No. 900674 ID: 15a025
File 153624143773.png - (3.50KB , 800x600 , 21.png )
900674

Bari: "Well, I'll see down on the stage later then."

Kyle: "They expect us to play in the dark with no power?"

Bari: "They'll have it fixed before we're on tonight. How hard can it be to replace a couple fuses anyway?"

I hear Kyle shuffle his way over back onto to the couch. He wastes no time getting back to practicing his guitar piece.
>>
No. 900675 ID: 15a025
File 153624145746.png - (3.53KB , 800x600 , 22.png )
900675

There's not much to really do while the power's out so we just try to relax and try to enjoy his music. It's kind of relaxing until we can start hearing someone jamming out with some guitars and drums upstairs.

Sharcole: "Of course their floor gets power first..."
>>
No. 900684 ID: 891b91

>>900675
Huh, Kyle's soul-heart changed color. I wonder what that means.
>>
No. 900688 ID: 91ee5f

>>900673
>Marsh and Sharcole appear on the couch.
I guess you just needed to hear them in order for the Blindsight Enchantment to show where they are.

>>900675
>”Of course their floor gets power first..."
And there’s nothing we can do about it.

.....hey, while we’re waiting for the lights to hopefully turn back on, why don’t we think of a nickname to give to your Blindsight Enchantment? Remember what Officer Freeze said, "Giving your enchantment a name gives you a closer connection to the magic inside the stone." Your friend Rainy is proof of that actually working, since her “Blindar” lets her actually “see” better than a person that isn’t blind! Although, we should probably use a different name other than “Blindar”.

And did you ever decide on a name for us voices? If you did, then I forgot about it.

>>900684
No it didn’t. It’s the same color as before.
>>
No. 900690 ID: 891b91

>>900684
>>900688
>No it didn’t. It’s the same color as before.
Oops, I got mixed up. I meant Marsh's (I think?) -- it turned grey.
>>
No. 900718 ID: 91ee5f

>>900690
Yeah, it did change color. I wonder what’s up with that?
>>
No. 900971 ID: 15a025
File 153641497236.png - (3.53KB , 800x600 , 23.png )
900971

>did you ever decide on a name for us voices? If you did, then I forgot about it.
We decided on rolling with Spooky Ghosts for a name.

>I guess you just needed to hear them in order for the Blindsight Enchantment to show where they are.
Hopefully I don't need to hear myself running into the coffee table or couch to get those to show up.

>Oops, I got mixed up. I meant Marsh's (I think?) -- it turned grey.
>Yeah, it did change color. I wonder what’s up with that?
Yeah, when the music upstairs started playing, both Marsh and Sharcole's heart things turned grey, or grey-er? I'm not really sure I can tell what kind of mood they're in to make a guess. Marsh sounds normal, and Sharcole just sounds tired as always.

>why don’t we think of a nickname to give to your Blindsight Enchantment?
Yeah, naming it something else would help. Blindsight Enchantment is a bit of a mouthful. Though I can't really think of anything better myself. Guess being bad at naming things runs in my family. I could just go with the name my friend used her enchantment like this, but I don't want to steal her thing. I'll try and think of something, but let me know if you have anything in mind too!

Shoot, in my train of thought there I missed something Marsh was saying. I only realize it when she calls out to me.

Marsh: "You coming with, or are you just going to stand in the dark with everyone else?"

Candy: "Huh? What are you going up stairs for?"

Marsh: "See how loud it really is up there and to check out the band. Maybe grab some food too, I'm getting a little hungry."

I'd check the time and see if we can even still get in there for free, but I can't really look at the clock right now.
>>
No. 900972 ID: 15a025
File 153641500276.png - (3.44KB , 800x600 , 24.png )
900972

We walk out into the halls and it's pitch dark out here. The only thing outlined for me is the floor and Marsh's heart thing still.
>>
No. 900973 ID: 15a025
File 153641506011.png - (4.32KB , 800x600 , 25.png )
900973

Thankfully the lights on the next floor light up the stairs for us and we make it up without tripping. My eyes start to bother me a little when reach the halls though.

Marsh: "Candy, why are your eyes bleeding?"

Candy: "What?"

Marsh: "Your eyes are bleeding!"

I go to carefully wipe my sleeve on my face and see there's a little blood on it now. I'm wondering if this is some kind of side effect from the enchantment or not? Shoot, how am I going to explain this to Marsh?
>>
No. 900981 ID: ee2d6e

Sorry, I have really good nightvision, but having the lights turn on so suddenly hurts a bit. Didn't know it could make me start bleeding though.
>>
No. 900993 ID: 891b91

>>900973
>blood from eyes
Well, you're an ungulate, right? Ungulates have larger Harderian glands (one kind of lacrimal -- tear-producing -- gland) than most other vertebrates, and these glands produce porphyrins (among other organic compounds such as lipids), which can take on a reddish color. In rats, who also have large Harderian glands, excess porphyrin production is triggered by stressors, resulting in red tears that look like blood; maybe the same is true for you! Thus you were clearly experiencing stress from the lights going out, causing your eyes to secrete unusually large amounts of porphyrin! You could say it's not technically blood and it's just a sheep thing.

Or you could tell her you got a nosebleed but it got backed up and started coming out of your eyes or something, I dunno.

Also, I doubt my porphyrin theory is actually correct; you could try asking Officer Nibbles about this the next time you see her, since she seems pretty knowledgeable about enchantments and might know whether this side effect is something worth worrying about.
>>
No. 900994 ID: 891b91

>>900973
>>900993
Actually, come to think of it, is there any reason you'd want to hide your blindsight enchantment from Marsh? Hiding us is one thing, but it doesn't seem like it'd be harmful for her to know about it, so maybe honesty is the best policy here. (Besides, Marsh strikes me as a loyal, trustworthy person anyway.)
>>
No. 901015 ID: 91ee5f

>>900971
>I could just go with the name my friend used her enchantment like this, but I don't want to steal her thing.
Yeah, let’s save that as a last resort. Don’t want to steal her thing unless we can’t think of anything at all.

>I'll try and think of something, but let me know if you have anything in mind too!
How about “Blind Sight”?

>>900973
>eyes are bleeding
Shit! That might be because your Blindsight Enchantment was still on when you came into the light!

Just to be clear, your eyes weren’t hurting while you were in the darkness, right? And they only started hurting when you walked out into the light?

It’s strange that we’ve never known about this side effect before now. Unless the reason this never affected Rainy is because she’s always blind, so the enchantment never made her eyes bleed?

>Shoot, how am I going to explain this to Marsh?
This could work: >>900981 !

>>900993
>try asking Officer Nibbles about this
Yeah, the cops are the only experts we could really ask about this. I’m afraid that she’ll take us away from Candy, but I’m more worried about Candy’s eyes bleeding.

>>900994
But then Marsh would try to take us away from Candy, so that her eyes would stop bleeding!

Also, yeah, she does seem like she wouldn’t tell anyone, but I don’t trust saying anything to her in this building. There’s no telling how thin the walls are around here!
>>
No. 901032 ID: 6b8c34

>>900973
I honestly think it wouldn't hurt to tell marsh the truth. She seems like a trustworthy gal at this point. I however DO think that telling her here may end up hurting though.

Tell her you'll explain later in private but it's kind of a suprise to you as well.
>>
No. 901047 ID: 891b91

>>901032
Seconding this
>>
No. 901093 ID: 15a025
File 153651139632.png - (4.33KB , 800x600 , 26.png )
901093

>Well, you're an ungulate, right?
Being a sheep, I'd hope so!

>Ungulates have larger Harderian glands than most other vertebrates, and these glands produce porphyrins which can take on a reddish color. In rats, who also have large Harderian glands, excess porphyrin production is triggered by stressors, resulting in red tears that look like blood; maybe the same is true for you! Thus you were clearly experiencing stress from the lights going out, causing your eyes to secrete unusually large amounts of porphyrin!
That'd be pretty interesting if that's what's going on.

>you could try asking Officer Nibbles about this the next time you see her, since she seems pretty knowledgeable about enchantments and might know whether this side effect is something worth worrying about.
>Yeah, the cops are the only experts we could really ask about this.
I'll save any worries then for the next time I see them.

>You could say it's not technically blood and it's just a sheep thing.
For now, I'll roll with the porphyrin theory.
Candy: "It's just a sheep thing. I can explain it to you later if you'd like."

Marsh: "A sheep thing? This doesn't have something do with Sugar's merchandise, does it?"

Candy: "What? No. Look, I'll explain it later okay?"

Marsh: "I'm kind of lost then, but as long as you're okay?"

Candy: "I'm fine."

Marsh: "You don't sound sure."

She lets out a sigh.

Marsh: "At least it looks like the bleeding is starting to stop."

Talking about magic earrings in a place like this probably wouldn't have ended well. I'll tell her about the blind sight enchantment when we're back at the mansion.

I try wipe away the rest of the blood or red tears, but Marsh tells there's still some red around my eyes. Oh well.
>>
No. 901094 ID: 15a025
File 153651155936.png - (5.87KB , 800x600 , 27.png )
901094

We make our way back into the band's apartment and see there's a lioness setting up a keyboard and some more speakers. She's got a mess of power cables just laying all over the place.

Lion: "Oh hey, you're back. Just in time too, we're almost done setting up."

Marsh: "Weird, we heard someone rocking out not too long ago and thought it was you?"

Lion: "No, we're almost ready though. I still need break out my guitar and get it plugged in."
>>
No. 901111 ID: b1b4f3

>>901094
...what? Ask if they heard the guitars and drums. It came from upstairs, and these guys are right upstairs, so they should have heard it too.
>>
No. 901135 ID: 2afa4b

>>901094
Not to be racist, but perhaps there's mice in the walls?
>>
No. 901224 ID: 15a025
File 153660707194.png - (5.88KB , 800x600 , 28.png )
901224

>Not to be racist, but perhaps there's mice in the walls?
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this apartment complex has low rent rooms for mice and other smaller species nested in the walls. I haven't seen any tiny apartment doors or lettered room numbers yet.

>Ask if they heard the guitars and drums. It came from upstairs, and these guys are right upstairs, so they should have heard it too.
Candy: "Did you hear someone playing the guitar and drums just a little bit ago?"

Lion: "Nah, I was rocking out to my own music while the power was out."

Marsh: "How? That power was out."

Lion: "Headphones and a portable CD player."

Marsh: "You have a CD player?"

Lion: "Yeah, got it on sale a couple months ago."

Candy: "What about your helper over there? You hear anyone playing music earlier?"

She nods her head and goes back to doing something with the keyboard.
Lion: "Guess I missed it?"

Candy: "Are there any other bands up here you know of?"

Lion: "There's a sheep dude down stairs that plays music in the lobby with his friends, but other than that I can't think of anyone. Maybe our repair guy? I don't think he's got any instruments he's fixing for someone else though."
>>
No. 901377 ID: 891b91

>>901224
Ask the helper if she could tell what direction the music was coming from, and then head there if possible.

If we can't get a useful answer out of her, I suppose our best lead is the band's repair guy -- maybe he'll know something about it.
>>
No. 901379 ID: 91ee5f

>>901377
Yeah, this is a good idea.
>>
No. 901490 ID: 15a025
File 153678701356.gif - (61.42KB , 800x600 , 29.gif )
901490

>Ask the helper if she could tell what direction the music was coming from, and then head there if possible.
Candy: "Could you tell us what direction the music was coming from?"

She just points at wall.

Candy: "Next door?"

She shakes her head and makes a motion with her hand.

Lion: "I think she's trying to say it might have been a few more doors down?"

She nods her head this time.

>If we can't get a useful answer out of her, I suppose our best lead is the band's repair guy -- maybe he'll know something about it.
Candy: "We're taking off again then."

Lion: "Talk about eat and run. At least come back later once we're setup."

I look over and see Marsh has helped herself to some of their snacks.

Candy: "Marsh!"

Marsh: "Oh come on, I had maybe a pawful of chips."

Lion: "Nah it's fine. Long as you didn't double dip at least."

Marsh: "Wait there's dip too?"

Lion: "Yeah it's... not there? I must of forgot to put it out."

Candy: "Alright, let's go Marsh. We'll try and come back later."

Lion: "Sounds like a deal. Good luck with whatever, you two."
>>
No. 901491 ID: 15a025
File 153678704523.png - (4.26KB , 800x600 , 30.png )
901491

I take Marsh back over to the repair guy's room. Before I knock on the door I hear there's someone else in the room.

???: "If I have to come out here again-"

Coyote: "Yeah, yeah I know. Get off my chain about it. I almost have it done."

???: "Should have been ready last week, mutt."

Coyote: "Deal with it. Tonight's a better night anyway."

???: "I'm leaving. You know where to find to find me."

Coyote: "Alright, one second."
>>
No. 901492 ID: 15a025
File 153678710666.png - (3.46KB , 800x600 , 31.png )
901492

A nasty guitar screech whales through the hall before another loud pop echoes. The lights go out again.
???: "Don't you have a better way of killing the lights!"

Coyote: "Yes, I just prefer blowing my ears out and cutting the whole buildings power with this thing."

???: "You have till midnight, mutt!"

The door flings open and I see a purple heart come out, but they run off before I have a chance to say or do anything.
>>
No. 901493 ID: 15a025
File 153678714916.png - (3.45KB , 800x600 , 32.png )
901493

Coyote: "So how much of that you hear?"

I nearly jump when I hear that.

Marsh: "How did you know we were out here?"

Coyote: "Not hard when the halls creak and the sound suddenly stops at my door."

This isn't good. His heart's kind purple too. It's more like a grey-ish purple though.

He lets out a grumpy sigh.

Coyote: "I'm too busy to really deal with snoops, so I'm just going to pretend for now you didn't hear anything. Consider that my thanks for helping haul that amp earlier."

Candy: "How do know that's us?"

Coyote: "Because you just told me. I mean, it's not like I can recognize someone's voice from like, less than an hour ago. Now what do you two want?"
>>
No. 901531 ID: b1b4f3

>>901493
Tell him you're mainly interested in finding out why your friend's having trouble sleeping, but... you should warn him, he's getting corrupted. It's not too late for his soul.
>>
No. 901541 ID: 891b91

Best to play dumb for now and act like you couldn't make out the conversation and didn't notice the purple heart leaving -- this guy's playing with bad juju and it'd be bad if he thought you suspected anything. The most believable thing to do is to act annoyed and say you've been looking for the jerks who've been making a racket and knocking out the power. Then politely, but sternly, tell him to knock it off already.

What time is it? Maybe you could contact the police and get them to set up a stake-out to watch for anybody entering or leaving the building around midnight; or you could do the stake-out yourself, but it could be pretty risky. You should also explain all of this (to the best of your knowledge) to Marsh when it's safe, perhaps during the ride home; and report back to Officer Nibbles on all of this ASAP, since there's clearly something illegal and dangerous going on here.

>>901531
I think it might be a bad idea to mention Sharcole's insomnia. What if the cause is whatever occult stuff these guys are up to, rather than loud noise? (It would explain why she's so reluctant to talk about it.) By cluing them into that, we might inadvertently make her into a target. In fact, the less this guy knows about what we know, the better, so I wouldn't even warn him that he's becoming cursed.
>>
No. 901545 ID: 91ee5f

>>901492
>purple heart
I bet if we could actually see, that guy would be wearing a purple robe.

We should definitely call this in to the cops. Hopefully they can do something about it. We just need to find a private place to make the call without Marsh hearing us.

>>901541
>I think it might be a bad idea to mention Sharcole's insomnia.
Yeah, you’re probably right about that.
>>
No. 901948 ID: fafba8

Hay, candy mind explaining what the hearts mean... new land new ghost... ha ha ha...
>>
No. 901956 ID: 891b91

>>901948
I think the heart color indicates a person's mood (or, in the case of purple hues, how cursed they are?)
>>
No. 902004 ID: 15a025
File 153714540560.png - (3.44KB , 800x600 , 33.png )
902004

>I think it might be a bad idea to mention Sharcole's insomnia. What if the cause is whatever occult stuff these guys are up to, rather than loud noise?
>By cluing them into that, we might inadvertently make her into a target.
I wouldn't mention her by name, but you've got a point. They might be keeping tabs on everyone here and I'm not sure if there's other insomniacs in the building. They might put two and two together pretty easily and assume it's Sharcole.

>Best to play dumb for now and act like you couldn't make out the conversation
>The most believable thing to do is to act annoyed and say you've been looking for the jerks who've been making a racket and knocking out the power. Then politely, but sternly, tell him to knock it off already.
Candy: "Looking for the jerk making all this racket and causing these power outages tonight. You wanna cut it out?"

Coyote: "Less something comes up tonight or I mess up fixing that amp, this should be the last of the power outages. As for the racket, go yell at someone else. I've been pretty quite other than that guitar riff."

Candy: "Then who was wailing on the guitar and beating on the drums earlier?"

Coyote: "Roommates here, who can't keep their paws off other people's stuff!"

Roommate?: "Buzzkill..."

I hear a drum or something fall over.
Other Roommate?: "Ow!"

Coyote: "You know I'm making enough cash to pay rent by myself!"

Other Roomate?: "Hey you hear that, he's offering to pay all the rent!"

Coyote: "The temptation to give them the boot is killing me. Anyway, noise problem's probably only going to get worse. The band I'm fixing that amp up for is probably going to start practice once they turn the power for this floor back on. I think it's almost eight anyway?"

Marsh: "If only someone didn't knock out the power, we could have checked."

Coyote: "Alright, if you're done barking at me I got work to get done here."
>>
No. 902005 ID: 15a025
File 153714542420.png - (3.49KB , 800x600 , 34.png )
902005

Before I can even say anything, I hear him slam the door shut.

Oh hey, now the door outlines itself for me.
>>
No. 902006 ID: 15a025
File 153714548851.png - (3.42KB , 800x600 , 35.png )
902006

>Maybe you could contact the police and get them to set up a stake-out to watch for anybody entering or leaving the building around midnight; or you could do the stake-out yourself, but it could be pretty risky.
>We should definitely call this in to the cops. Hopefully they can do something about it. We just need to find a private place to make the call without Marsh hearing us.
Guess I can try and call up Officer Nibbles next. The only place I could probably call her is in Sharcole's bathroom. Marsh might be able to hear me in there though? I'll have to try and be as quiet as the phone can pick up.

We make our way back to Sharcole's to find no-one's here?

Candy: "Hello?"

I hear Sharcole groan somewhere.
Candy: "Sharcole!?"

Sharcole: "In bed! Kyle left to go yell at someone or something!"

Marsh: "You remember to take your pill?"

I hear her groan again.

Sharcole: "No..."

Marsh: "Guess I'm fumbling around to find it and some water for her then."

Candy: "Alright, I'm going to go use the bathroom then."

Marsh: "Look for her sleeping pills while you're in there."
>>
No. 902007 ID: 15a025
File 153714558538.png - (5.64KB , 800x600 , 36.png )
902007

While Marsh is busy looking for Sharcole's medicine, I pull out my phone and just about burn my eyes out from the screen's light. I didn't think it was this bright? Shoot, if I didn't have to keep this thing a secret, it'd be a great flashlight.

I hurry up and call Officer Nibbles before the screen melts my eyeballs.

Officer Nibbles: "What's up Candy?"

I whisper into the phone and fill her on the possible cult stuff here.

Officer Nibbles: "Are you alright? You're kind of quite?"

Candy: "Yeah I'm fine. I'm calling from a bathroom again. I'm with some friends I probably-"

Officer Nibbles: "Another bathroom call?"

Candy: "Hey it's about the most private place I can think of."

Officer Nibbles: "Anyway, I think I understand your situation. I'll try and send someone over for a stake out, but I can't make any promises right now. We're still tied up at the mall."

Candy: "Still? How's it going over there?"

Officer Nibbles: "We found another body on the roof."

Candy: "On the roof?"

Officer Nibbles: "Someone reported they heard shouting up on the roof. When we went up, all that was there was dead body. We'd check the cameras but for some reason they're not recording anything. It says on the screen they are, but when we go to re-play one of the tapes, it's blank."
>>
No. 902026 ID: 91ee5f

>>902005
>Oh hey, now the door outlines itself for me.
Yeah, looks like objects have to make some kind of noise to let the enchantment (still trying to think of a name for that) know the object is there.

Which means you might end up running into a few things before they get highlighted for you!

>>902007
>I didn't think it was this bright?
It’s not. Remember, your enchantment is still active, so it’s making you think the tiny light of that phone is really bright, when it’s not. Speaking of which, you’ve got a little blood coming from your eyes again.

You might want to tell Officer Nibbles about this while you’ve got her on the phone.

>We'd check the cameras but for some reason they're not recording anything. It says on the screen they are, but when we go to re-play one of the tapes, it's blank.
Remember that spell Officer Nibbles used in the interrogation room to give you guys some privacy to talk? Ask her if that spell can also affect cameras? Because someone else could also know that spell and that’s what’s messing with the Mall’s cameras.

Also, I’m sure you already told her, but just a reminder in case you didn’t, don’t forget to tell her about the guy that can turn off the power for the entire building by doing a riff on his guitar and what room he’s in.

And I’m sure you’re tempted to tell her about the landlord evicting and/or raising rent for people that complain about his friends, but let’s not mention that just yet. Don’t worry, we’ll tell her later, but right now she’s got more important things to worry about right now.
>>
No. 902093 ID: 891b91

>>902004
The coyote's heart lost its purple hue. I guess that means that his curse is waning -- but why? I think it might mean that a cursed person can emit their curse, like radiation, temporarily affecting others around them. Even worse, it could mean that curses are contagious, in which case you'd better be wary of hanging around any cultists (who seem guaranteed to be carrying a curse) or anyone else suspicious for too long. It'd also be very helpful if you can figure out a way to activate your blindsight at will, rather than having to be in the dark, so that you could use it to check up on your friends' hearts more easily -- maybe closing your eyes would work. (And is there any way to see your own heart, I wonder?)

>>902005
Marsh's heart got dimmer, and given that it coincided with having the door slammed shut in your faces, it seems like a safe bet that darker tones indicate a worse mood, and brighter tones indicate a better (or perhaps stronger?) mood. It certainly makes sense that Marsh would be annoyed by that. Sharcole's heart is pretty dark, too, which I'd attribute to her insomnia.

Interestingly, Kyle's heart brightened slightly earlier, although I assume that probably has to do with being reassured by his friend. The more curious part is what it means for his heart to be pink, when every other non-cursed heart we've seen so far has been achromatic.

>>902007
Since the police are busy with investigating the dead body, there's probably only a slim chance that they'll be able show up to catch the cursed guy, especially without probable cause (unless being cursed is itself a crime). If there's going to be a stakeout, you'll probably have to do it yourself. That being said, I'm becoming concerned for Sharcole's safety, and it might be better to try to get her out of the building ASAP; who knows what might happen when the cursed guy comes back.

I recommend this plan of action:
>Check Sharcole's heart color.
>Try to check your own heart color.
>See if you can activate the blindsight enchantment by closing your eyes.
>Try to convince Sharcole to come back to the mansion with you tonight -- maybe use the expectation that there's going to be more noise as an excuse.
>>
No. 902144 ID: fafba8

>>902093
I believe she tried to activate it earlier. (vol. 1 I believe) I still not sure about this, but I think you have to be truly blind. (like in complete darkness.)also I like your theory about the hearts.
>>
No. 902422 ID: 15a025
File 153740366147.png - (6.05KB , 800x600 , 37.png )
902422

>looks like objects have to make some kind of noise to let the enchantment know the object is there.
So I pretty much have to go knocking around on things to get them to show I guess? There's gotta be some other kind of way I get things to show up?

>The coyote's heart lost its purple hue.
It looked like it was still kind of purple, just kind of grayed out a little more before he slammed the door.

>but why? I think it might mean that a cursed person can emit their curse, like radiation, temporarily affecting others around them. Even worse, it could mean that curses are contagious, in which case you'd better be wary of hanging around any cultists
I'm not sure I've heard of curses spreading through the air, but so little is known about them it could be possible? It could also be an attempt to conceal the curse, but if that's the case, why would he do that right now?

Thankfully curses are somewhat easy to remove. As long as I can get to a church or someone else with purifying enchantments within a few days, I should be able tough it out depending on what I get cursed with, should I even get cursed.

>Marsh's heart got dimmer, and given that it coincided with having the door slammed shut in your faces, it seems like a safe bet that darker tones indicate a worse mood, and brighter tones indicate a better (or perhaps stronger?) mood. It certainly makes sense that Marsh would be annoyed by that. Sharcole's heart is pretty dark, too, which I'd attribute to her insomnia.
Hmm... I'm almost tempted to try and put this theory to the test? Maybe I could try asking Marsh some questions and see how her heart's color changes?

>Remember that spell Officer Nibbles used in the interrogation room to give you guys some privacy to talk? Ask her if that spell can also affect cameras?
Candy: "Could it be a spell like that one privacy enchantment you used back at the station?

Officer Nibbles: "No, the only kind of enchantments I can think of that'd mess with the cameras would be pretty obvious one. Either one that'd make the whole room pitch dark, or one that'd reflects light into the camera lens so it can't see anything. In the mall's surveillance room, we can watch whatever's going on live. None of it's being recorded to the tapes for some reason though.

>you’ve got a little blood coming from your eyes again.
>You might want to tell Officer Nibbles about this while you’ve got her on the phone.
Shoot, it is?

Candy: "Well, maybe you can answer a problem I'm having right now? The power here keeps going out and my radar vision enchantment thing activated. Whenever the lights come back on, my eye's start to hurt and bleed a little. Well, it's either blood or I'm tearing out porphyrins. Should I be worried?"

Officer Nibbles: "I'm not really sure? That's a really rare enchantment Candy. Just, try and get a little sample of it for now and bring it with to station for us to look at later. If you can't, we could always try testing it there too?"

Candy: "Sure, what's the worst that could happen?"

She sighs into the phone.
Officer Nibbles: "For now, just try and close your eyes for a bit till the radar fades before going into a lit room and see what happens. That's about the best advice I've got for now."

>It'd also be very helpful if you can figure out a way to activate your blindsight at will, rather than having to be in the dark
Candy: "I don't suppose you'd know a way I could activate the enchantment at will instead of having to sit around in the dark either?"

>maybe closing your eyes would work.
Officer Nibbles: "Did you try just closing your eyes?"

Candy: "Yeah awhile ago. I tried that and nothing happened."

Officer Nibbles: "I've- hang on."
I hear some muffled sounds come through the speaker.
Officer Nibbles: "Sorry, I've gotta go. The forensics team finally arrived. Call me if something comes up alright?"

Before I can say anything, she hangs up.

>is there any way to see your own heart, I wonder?
Maybe the white outline of myself is my soul, or whatever the hearts are supposed to be? It hasn't changed colors though.
>>
No. 902423 ID: 15a025
File 153740418124.png - (3.43KB , 800x600 , 38.png )
902423

>Try to convince Sharcole to come back to the mansion with you tonight -- maybe use the expectation that there's going to be more noise as an excuse.
>who knows what might happen when the cursed guy comes back.

I don't think I want to stick around to find out either. It'd be another story if I had a light enchantment to fight back with. Close the phone and stick it back into my pocket before leaving the bathroom.

Marsh: "Find her pills?"

Candy: "No. I take it you didn't either?"

Marsh: "What do you think?"

Candy: "I think we should try and convince Sharcole to come back to the mansion with us. You heard what that coyote guy upstairs said, something's going on here before midnight."

Marsh: "Knowing this town and from working with your sister, it's probably just some shady drug deal. I'm not going object to getting Sharcole out of here though."

Candy: "Sharcole, come out here please!"
>>
No. 902424 ID: 15a025
File 153740422681.png - (3.45KB , 800x600 , 39.png )
902424

I hear her slowly come out from where ever she was.

Sharcole: "Did you find them?"

Candy: "No, we can't see anything."

Sharcole: Then what did I have to get up for?"

Candy: "I really think you should could back to the mansion with us tonight. We talked to that band upstairs and their repair guy, and it sounds like it's going to be a really loud night."

Sharcole: "I can't."

Marsh: "Why not?"

Sharcole: "He's going to end up doing something stupid if I leave, even just for the night. I don't like him, but he's going to take this the wrong way like, like everything else!"
>>
No. 902425 ID: 15a025
File 153740424253.png - (3.44KB , 800x600 , 40.png )
902425

Her heart gets darker afterwards.
>>
No. 902645 ID: 891b91

Ask Sharcole just what is going on here. Who is "he" -- Kyle? What kind of stupid thing might he do if she leaves, and what is the "everything else" he's taken the wrong way?
>>
No. 902654 ID: 91ee5f

>>902425
Is Kyle abusing her?!

Even if he never physically touches her, there are other ways he can abuse her, like yelling at her or calling her names or just plain making her feel like she’s worthless, those all still count as abuse! And if he’s doing that to her, then that’s even more of a reason we should take her with us!

And if it’s not Kyle, then who is it?!
>>
No. 902656 ID: b1b4f3

...I bet Kyle took her pills.
Ask Sharcole if Kyle really thinks he's her boyfriend even though she doesn't like him.
>>
No. 902719 ID: fafba8

>>902425
This is not a healthy relationship, I been in one of those when I was alive... not the most best of experiences. you might want to talk with her.
>>
No. 902825 ID: 15a025
File 153765938018.png - (3.45KB , 800x600 , 41.png )
902825

>Ask Sharcole just what is going on here. Who is "he" -- Kyle?
Candy: "Sharcole, what's going on here? Are you talking about Kyle?"

Sharcole: "Yeah."

>What kind of stupid thing might he do if she leaves.
Candy: "Alright, let's take this one step at a time. What stupid things is he going to do if you leave tonight?"

Sharcole: "Probably chug a whole six pack down after his thing tonight and trash the place.

Marsh: "Why would he do that?"

Sharcole: "Because he's going to think I'm bailing out of this dump and 'breaking up' with him, or something close to that."

>Ask Sharcole if Kyle really thinks he's her boyfriend even though she doesn't like him.
Candy: "So wait, he really thinks he's your boyfriend? Why?"

Sharcole: "I don't know how he got the idea he was my boyfriend, but he doesn't act like he is most of the time."

Candy: "How so?"

Sharcole: "Would call someone who drinks all night and yells at you for not having your half of the rent, even though you spent most of it putting food in the apartment a boyfriend?"

Marsh: "I'd call that time to move out."

>what is the "everything else" he's taken the wrong way?
Candy: "What's the 'everything 'else' he's taken the wrong way?"

Sharcole: "Too much to list."

Marsh: "Give us the highlights then."

Sharcole: "He thought because I didn't want to drink beer with him one night meant I thought I was 'too good for him'. One time he was playing music while I was trying to sleep. When I told him to quiet down for the night, he thought I hated his new 'love song' for me and thought his love was worthless. I woke up in the morning to a pile of crushed up beer cans all over the kitchen floor."

Marsh: "He's never hit you, has he?"

Sharcole: "N..no."

Marsh: "Sharcole."

Sharcole: "No."

Marsh: "He's dead if ever does."
>>
No. 902826 ID: 15a025
File 153765942859.png - (5.17KB , 800x600 , 42.png )
902826

The lights flash back on. Thankfully, I've kept my eyes shut the whole time to try out Officer Nibbles advice.
Sharcole: "Candy, your eyes!"

Candy: "Still?"

I go to rub my eyes a bit, but it doesn't look like they're tearing up again or whatever. Sharcole's eye don't look like they're bleeding either.
Candy: "I don't see anything?"

Marsh: "You still got dried... whatever this 'sheep' thing is on your face though."

Sharcole: "Sheep thing?"

Candy: "Not important right now."

>I bet Kyle took her pills.

Candy: "With the lights on now, let's find her pills and get going."

Sharcole: "You're taking my sleeping pills?"

Candy: "Yeah, and we're taking you with."

Sharcole: "Candy, he's-"

Marsh: "He's going have to go through biggest, baddest, wolf in town before he's doing anything."
>>
No. 902827 ID: 15a025
File 153765945462.png - (5.44KB , 800x600 , 43.png )
902827

Kyle: "Funny, I didn't think the open door to my apartment was the biggest baddest wolf in town. The hell's going on in here?"
>>
No. 902844 ID: 891b91

"Kyle, we're taking Sharcole to spend the night at the mansion with us. It's just too noisy here and she's not getting good sleep at all lately, and it's beginning to endanger her health; she passed out at work because of it and almost got a concussion. I know you care a lot about her, and we do too, so I'm sure you'll agree with us that, at least for tonight, she needs to be somewhere where she can get plenty of good rest."

Try to get her pills too, if possible, but if it isn't then just get out of there.
>>
No. 902853 ID: b1b4f3

>>902827
Tell Kyle that you can't fix the noise issues here so you're gonna let Sharcole sleep at your house to catch up on sleep. Can he survive on his own tonight?
>>
No. 902892 ID: 91ee5f

>>902827
Tell Kyle that you can’t fix the noise problem and even if Sharcole takes her pills, she won’t be able to get any sleep with all of this noise going on. So after we find her pills, we’re going to take them and her with us so that she can get some sleep.

I don’t know how he’ll react to this, so just in case, be ready for him to try and stop you guys from taking Sharcole. He may refuse to hand over her pills or he may try to physically stop you. Just be careful.
>>
No. 902930 ID: fafba8

>>902892
If he tries to stop you guys, release the hound! (Marsh)
>>
No. 903008 ID: 15a025
File 153782097668.png - (5.46KB , 800x600 , 44.png )
903008

>Tell Kyle that you can't fix the noise issues here so you're gonna let Sharcole sleep at your house to catch up on sleep. Can he survive on his own tonight?

Candy: "I don't think we're going to be able to fix this noise problem tonight. I get you're her boyfriend and you care about her a lot. So do we, which is why we're taking her home with us so she get some sleep."

Kyle: "Yeah, because a rundown mansion that's probably about to collapse is-"

The band upstairs starts jamming out on their guitar and keyboard, cutting Kyle off.
Kyle: "Fine. One night. Now get out."

>Try to get her pills too, if possible
Candy: "We need her sleeping pills."
>>
No. 903009 ID: 15a025
File 153782100193.gif - (186.74KB , 800x600 , 45.gif )
903009

He goes into the bathroom and a few seconds later he tosses us her sleeping pills.

Kyle: "Goodnight!"
>>
No. 903010 ID: 15a025
File 153782108677.png - (4.58KB , 800x600 , 46.png )
903010

Marsh slams the door on our way out.

Sharcole: "Marsh, don't make this any worse please."

Marsh: "Let's just get out of here. I need a drink."

Sharcole groans a little.

Marsh: "Great, I've been here long enough that I'm starting to sound like him now too."
>>
No. 903011 ID: 15a025
File 153782111063.png - (4.93KB , 800x600 , 47.png )
903011

Before heading back home, we make a quick stop back at the bar to collect my nightstand. After that, we're off for the home stretch. Now that we're pretty much alone, Sharcole's snoring away in the back. I've got a good chance to talk to Marsh about my enchantments. I'm still not sure how much, if anything, I should tell her though.
>>
No. 903031 ID: 891b91

>Sharcole's snoring away in the back.
Good, she needs the rest.

>I'm still not sure how much, if anything, I should tell her though.
I think Marsh is really trustworthy, and she deserves some kind of explanation for what is going on. I say tell her everything enchantment-related. You could even let her put us on and we could say hi! Might be best to ask her to keep it between you and her, though, since sadly it seems like your sister's more on the unpredictable side.

As for telling her about the police stuff: I'm less sure about that, since she probably wouldn't like it. If you mention it to her, you'd definitely have to broach the subject carefully.
>>
No. 903032 ID: 891b91

>>903011
Oh, also, what is that on the side of the road, in front of the tree? Just some trash?
>>
No. 903041 ID: 91ee5f

>>903011
I think you can tell her about your other enchantments, but don’t tell her about us, unless you think it’s necessary.

You can also explain to Marsh why and how you got an earring to help you see when you’re not blind, even though it’s kind of an embarrassing story.

Just don't tell her anything about helping the police, she might not want to be around you anymore.
>>
No. 903426 ID: 15a025
File 153800029298.png - (5.04KB , 800x600 , 48.png )
903426

>what is that on the side of the road, in front of the tree? Just some trash?
Looked like trash. Plastic shopping bag and a crushed up soda can. Lazy jerks.

>I think Marsh is really trustworthy, and she deserves some kind of explanation for what is going on. I say tell her everything enchantment-related.
>I think you can tell her about your other enchantments, but don’t tell her about us, unless you think it’s necessary.
Candy: "Alright, now that we're alone I think I can tell you about that 'sheep thing' from earlier."

Marsh: "I was just about to ask. How come Sharcole's eyes weren't bleeding like yours did when the lights came back on earlier?"

Candy: "Mine didn't bleed that time either, at least I don't think they did?"

Marsh: "Anyway, what's up with that? Are your eye's sensitive to light or something?"

Candy: "It's not actually a sheep thing. Or at least, it might not be. It's probably something with my earring actually."

Marsh: "Okay, how's an earring going to make your eyes bleed?"

Candy: "You have to keep this a secret alright?"

Marsh: "Alright?"

Candy: "It's enchanted."

Marsh: "With what?"

Candy: "It's got this night vision radar kind of thing for an enchantment. It helped me see in the dark tonight, but I think it hurts my eyes if the lights turn back on while I'm using it."

Marsh: "I think I'd rather walk into something than having my eyes start bleeding."

Candy: "I think it'd depend on what that something is, for me at least."
>>
No. 903428 ID: 15a025
File 153800032642.png - (6.44KB , 800x600 , 49.png )
903428

When we arrive at the mansion and Marsh announced we're home, Sugar rushes down the stairs, without a beer in hoof for once. She looks like her day has been about as good as ours.

Sugar: "What in the hell happened today?"

Candy: "Can you be a little more specific? A lot happened."

Sugar: "Nobody got their orders and almost everyone called asking what's up with the pink sign? What happened at the store Candy!"

Candy: "Sharcole p-"

Marsh: "Sharcole was having a medical emergency and we needed to get her to emergency room right away."

Sugar: "What?"

Marsh: "We panicked a bit threw the pink closed sign up on our way out."
>>
No. 903429 ID: 15a025
File 153800036781.png - (6.23KB , 800x600 , 50.png )
903429

She groans a bit and starts heading up the stairs.

Marsh: "Where are you going?"

Sugar: "I got more phone calls to make now. Wait, is Sharcole going to be ok to work tomorrow or is she still-"

Sharcole: "I'm right here?"

Sugar: "Oh good, glad you're alright. Tomorrow's going to- wait. Why is she here?"
>>
No. 903431 ID: 891b91

I don't see any reason why telling Sugar the truth about Sharcole (or part of it, anyway) would be a problem. Tell her that Sharcole's medical episode was the result of insomnia caused by noisy neighbors, and you all decided it was best to let her crash at the mansion for the night so she can get some proper shuteye.

I don't know how she'd feel about Sharcole staying here indefinitely (maybe ask Marsh about that later?), so I'd omit anything about that possibility.
>>
No. 903628 ID: 15a025
File 153808232893.png - (6.19KB , 800x600 , 51.png )
903628

>Tell her that Sharcole's medical episode was the result of insomnia caused by noisy neighbors, and you all decided it was best to let her crash at the mansion for the night so she can get some proper shuteye.

Candy: "She's got really bad insomnia and her neighbors back home are keeping her up. She's going to stay here so she can get some shut eye for once."

Sugar: "Guess that explains her sleeping on the job. Yeah alright whatever. I got stuff to take care of before it gets too late. Be ready to go in the morning by six!"


She rushes up the stairs and heads to her office or wherever.
>>
No. 903630 ID: 15a025
File 153808236704.png - (5.56KB , 800x600 , 52.png )
903630

Marsh: "I can't think of anywhere off the top of my head for you to sleep tonight, so you can just have my bed for now Sharcole."

Sharcole: "Marsh you don't need to do that..."

Marsh: "Nah it's fine. I'll crash on the couch for now."

She takes Sharcole off to her room.
Marsh: "Goodnight Candy!"

Sharcole: "Goodnight."

Candy: "Alright, goodnight!"
>>
No. 903632 ID: 15a025
File 153808238779.png - (5.31KB , 800x600 , 53.png )
903632

Guess it's just me now. It's been a long day today, and I feel like I might be forgetting something? Is there anything I should do before calling it night?
>>
No. 903634 ID: 91ee5f

>>903632
Don’t forget to get your nightstand and take it to your room!
>>
No. 903641 ID: 891b91

Yeah, grab the nightstand and put it in your room. Also, now could be a good time to snoop around for mysteries. (Mansions always have mysteries! It's a law of nature or something.)

Oh, and you could give Officer Nibbles another call, if it isn't too late, to see how that dead body investigation went and whether they were able to set up a stake out at the apartment building.
>>
No. 904164 ID: fafba8

>>903632
Make a midnight snake, you don't look like you've had dinner. might be best. I just know something minor but bad happens if you go to bad hungry... like a hormone.

Also grab the nightstand... before someone steals it from the car.
>>
No. 904892 ID: 15a025
File 153867386226.png - (5.32KB , 800x600 , 54.png )
904892

>Don’t forget to get your nightstand and take it to your room!
>Yeah, grab the nightstand and put it in your room.
>grab the nightstand... before someone steals it from the car.
Oh shoot, I think I left it in Marsh's car. Thankfully being miles away from town, I probably don't have to worry about it being stolen.

Candy: "Marsh, I'm going to your car to grab my night stand!"

Marsh: "Just be careful, don't scratch it!"
>>
No. 904893 ID: 15a025
File 153867389431.png - (4.25KB , 800x600 , 55.png )
904893

One trip out into the cold later...

I feel like getting this thing here in my room was more work than I've done the whole time I've been here. And it was worth every bit. So long, dusty plastic crate thing. Or, maybe not. With how little I've got now, I'm sure I'll come up with some kind of use for it later.
>>
No. 904894 ID: 15a025
File 153867407591.png - (4.19KB , 800x600 , 56.png )
904894

>you could give Officer Nibbles another call, if it isn't too late, to see how that dead body investigation went and whether they were able to set up a stake out at the apartment building.
I pull out my phone and check the time, for the first time in forever . and it's a little after ten thirty. It's kind of late, but with everything going on I'm sure she's still on the job.

Officer Nibbles: "You okay Candy?"

Candy: "Yeah, just calling to tell you I'm out of that apartment place and made it home safely. Also, how's your investigation going?"

Officer Nibbles: "Why do I get the feeling that's what you called for? Anyway, this whole thing here is smelling like more trouble than we thought."

Candy: "Why's that?"

Officer Nibbles: "Cause of death was a shot straight through their stomach."

Candy: "Okay? What's odd about that?"

Officer Nibbles: "The entry and exit wounds are way too big to be from a bullet."

Candy: "So, it was from an enchantment?"

Officer Nibbles: "Can't exactly rule that possibility out, but we haven't seen any evidence that'd suggest it was."

Candy: "Any chance they covered it up or tampered with the body?"

Officer Nibbles: "Not that we can tell at least. I'm kind of hoping I can wrap this up for the night soon, it's getting late."

I hear her yawn through the phone.
Candy: "Alright before I let you go, was someone able to setup a stake out over at that apartment complex?"

Officer Nibbles: "Sorry, we're all still-"


Something cuts off Officer Nibbles, and I pick up some commotion in the background.

Officer Nibbles: "Sorry to cut it short, but I gotta go!"

Candy: "Wait, what's going on?!"

She hangs up on me.

I think about calling Officer Freeze and seeing if she can tell what's going on, but I better not bother them right now. I'll have to wait and see if she calls me back, or wait till tomorrow.
>>
No. 904895 ID: 15a025
File 153867413437.png - (5.21KB , 800x600 , 57.png )
904895

>Make a midnight snake, you don't look like you've had dinner.
My stomach rumbles a bit at the thought. Think the last thing I ate was some snacks at the bar or something? I head off and make some toast. It's about all I can find besides a fridge full of beer.

>now could be a good time to snoop around for mysteries. (Mansions always have mysteries! It's a law of nature or something.)
I'm all for snooping around, but my sister made it sound like this place is locked up pretty tight. I know her room and office are locked unless she's in there.


I take another bite out of my snack, when a thought hits me. I haven't seen what the upstairs looks like yet. Not the upstairs floor with Marsh's office and that, I mean the floor after that.
>>
No. 904896 ID: 15a025
File 153867415420.png - (4.70KB , 800x600 , 58.png )
904896

I make my climb up higher into the mansion, feeling like Sugar might have told me not to come up here before? Judging from all the holes in the floor, that's probably why. I make sure to watch my step just to be safe. I try to open a few doors, but most of them are locked. I eventually come across this huge door with handles.
>>
No. 904897 ID: 15a025
File 153867418498.png - (5.64KB , 800x600 , 59.png )
904897

I head inside and the room just reeks of smoke and tobacco.

Looking around, I can see a picture of someone hanging up by the fireplace, some logs on a rack, a book shelf, and next to is...

Pipes and packs of cigarettes that'd last someone weeks.
>>
No. 904899 ID: 91ee5f

>>904897
>Pipes and packs of cigarettes that'd last someone weeks.
Candy no! You said you quit smoking, don’t start again! Step away from that pile of temptation right now young lady!
>>
No. 904900 ID: ee2d6e

Candy, don't breathe. Turn around. Walk right out the door, close it, and take a deep breath. You're stronger than this.
>>
No. 904926 ID: b1b4f3

Exit room immediately. That smell will make your cravings worse.
>>
No. 905076 ID: 08227f

Who's that guy in the painting? Is he famous, or a relative of yours?
Also check fireplace for anything interesting or secret passages.
>>
No. 905083 ID: 891b91

Resist the temptation to ransack the tobacco shelf, and instead look through the bookshelf for anything interesting.

Also, seconding everything >>905076 suggested.
>>
No. 905178 ID: 15a025
File 153877594681.png - (5.46KB , 800x600 , 60.png )
905178

>Candy no! You said you quit smoking, don’t start again!
>Resist the temptation to ransack the tobacco shelf, and instead look through the bookshelf for anything interesting.
It's been weeks since I've last had a smoke. Something in me is telling me one cigarette isn't going to hurt, but I know one leads to another and- ugh!

I pull and stretch my sweater up to cover my nose. It doesn't get rid of the smoky smell in here, but at least it isn't as pungent now. Take that, foul stench!
I take a step over to the book shelf and pull some off the shelf.

I open them up and-
>>
No. 905179 ID: 15a025
File 153877599092.png - (6.17KB , 800x600 , 61.png )
905179

Candy: "Why am I not surprised?"

they've just been hollowed out and house an empty bottle of beer. Or wait, hang on?
>>
No. 905180 ID: 15a025
File 153877601976.png - (5.61KB , 800x600 , 62.png )
905180

Looking at the expiration dates, I think these were consumed recently? They don't expire for another three months! Why would Sugar hide beer bottles in these books though, let alone empty ones? Heh, she probably got so wasted she couldn't tell it was empty.

> Who's that guy in the painting? Is he famous, or a relative of yours?
I think it might be an old photo of my grandfather? I'm not sure honestly.
>>
No. 905182 ID: 15a025
File 153877606621.png - (5.48KB , 800x600 , 63.png )
905182

> check fireplace for anything interesting or secret passages.
I get down on the floor and try to look into the fireplace, but it's too dark to see anything.
I try sticking my head all the way in and get the blind vision going, but nothing shows up. Just the dark.
With sight failing me, I just feeling around the cold ground for anything.

Candy: "What's thi- ow!"
>>
No. 905183 ID: 15a025
File 153877609548.png - (5.67KB , 800x600 , 64.png )
905183

I poke myself on something sharp, but manage to pull it out safely. It's a...kindling stick? Or whatever you call these things.
>>
No. 905184 ID: 15a025
File 153877613854.png - (5.50KB , 800x600 , 65.png )
905184

I toss it to the side for now and get back to searching the fireplace.

Feeling around, I notice there's a loose stone in the ground I can wiggle a bit. I just can't get a good enough grip on it to pull it out!
>>
No. 905195 ID: fafba8

>>905184
Firepoker as a crowbar? Give that a try!
>>
No. 905199 ID: 5fa661

Is there nothing hidden in the empty bottles, like maybe a note?
>>
No. 905205 ID: 891b91

Try using the fire poker to pry up the loose stone.
>>
No. 905222 ID: 91ee5f

>>905184
Try using the fire poker to pull that stone out.
>>
No. 905544 ID: 15a025
File 153893457671.png - (5.69KB , 800x600 , 66.png )
905544

>Is there nothing hidden in the empty bottles, like maybe a note?
Nope. The bottles were emptied out.

>Firepoker as a crowbar? Give that a try!
>Try using the fire poker to pry up the loose stone.
>fire poker to pull that stone out.

I grab the poker and try to use it like a crowbar. It takes some effort, but I manage to slip the little prongs down there. I pull up and-
>>
No. 905545 ID: 15a025
File 153893459427.png - (5.70KB , 800x600 , 67.png )
905545

Bend it about ninety degree. I hear something pop and roll around though!
>>
No. 905546 ID: 15a025
File 153893462849.png - (5.69KB , 800x600 , 68.png )
905546

Going back in and feeling around, I pull out the stone. I shake it a little to try and hear if there's anything in it, but it seems to just be an ordinary rock.
>>
No. 905547 ID: 15a025
File 153893464350.png - (5.57KB , 800x600 , 69.png )
905547

Feeling around one more time, there's also a small hole where the stone came out from now. I try sticking my hoof down there, but the hole's too small.
>>
No. 905561 ID: fafba8

>>905547
MAKE THE HOLE BIGGER!
>>
No. 905592 ID: 891b91

>>905547
MAKE YOUR HOOF SMALLER!
>>
No. 905593 ID: 891b91

Seriously though, use your cell phone as a flashlight so you can see what's down in the hole. Maybe you can use the fire poker to fish it out of there.
>>
No. 905764 ID: 15a025
File 153896874228.png - (5.05KB , 800x600 , 70.png )
905764

>use your cell phone as a flashlight so you can see what's down in the hole.
Oh right, I keep forgetting about that. Or all the stuff I'm toting around in my sweater?"
I dig out the phone and shine it in the fire place and peep down the ho-ello!

There's a red enchantment stone hiding in down here! I wonder if this was used for the fireplace at all?
>>
No. 905765 ID: 15a025
File 153896876292.png - (5.88KB , 800x600 , 71.png )
905765

> Maybe you can use the fire poker to fish it out of there.

I grab the bent up fire poker and try to straighten it out a bit. Only then to realize it's not going to go down the hole this way. I have to re-bend it to fit it down.
>>
No. 905766 ID: 15a025
File 153896878316.png - (5.82KB , 800x600 , 72.png )
905766

After a couple attempts at rolling it up the hole, I manage to get it out. Now the question is, what am I going to do with it?
>>
No. 905772 ID: 91ee5f

>>905766
Well, the police are offering monetary rewards for turning in enchantment stones, so maybe we should turn it in and you can finally have some money in your pockets. Or you can have it put into us, so you can have some way to protect yourself, should you need it.

However, even though you’ve got an enchantment license and we have an open slot for another fire enchantment, you’ve gotta get it approved by the police for you to have it put in us. Annnd you’re probably going to need money to do that......shit, maybe you’re just better off turning it in for money?

Just remember what Officer Nibbles said and don’t try to use that stone without that collar you were using during your test! Unless you want to destroy both it and us!
>>
No. 905775 ID: 891b91

Yeah, turn it in to the police, but don't tell them where you found it. Remember, Sugar brought in a big sack of these things not too long ago. In fact, there's probably a decent chance that she hid it there.
>>
No. 905778 ID: 91ee5f

>>905772
Also, put that rock back in the hole and put the fire poker back where you found it. Then hide that stone until you can get it to the cops tomorrow.

>>905775
I guess telling them we found it in the snow wouldn’t be too hard to believe.

Just gotta make sure we clean it so that it’s not covered in soot from the fireplace, so that it’ll be a more believable story.
>>
No. 905785 ID: fafba8

>>905766
I mean is it even enchanted? I mean it looks like it is but you never know. I mean we hide gems all the time. rich bastards
>>
No. 905819 ID: b1b4f3

>>905766
You have a license, and you have practice using a fire enchantment stone. It's effectively been abandoned by the previous owners of the house so it's legal to take. Keep it!

I mean why did you go get training using a stone if you're just going to give it to the police as soon as you get one? That doesn't make any sense.
>>
No. 905822 ID: 91ee5f

>>905819
Officer Nibbles and Officer Freeze explained it here: >>/questarch/879983 .

The reason she can’t use it is because if she tries, she’ll break us and that stone she found.

Which is why she needed to wear that special collar during her enchantment training.

The alternative is to constantly take us off before using the stone she found, which blinds us from what’s going on around her and if anyone sees her doing that, they’ll know her earring is also an enchantment stone.
>>
No. 905823 ID: b1b4f3

>>905822
It's still better than giving up the option.
>>
No. 905875 ID: 91ee5f

>>905823
We don’t have to give it up. Officer Nibbles said that we’ve got some open slots on us for 2 more enchantments.

All we’d have to do is have the cops look at this stone and tell us if Candy’s license allows her to have it. If they say we can have it, then we just transfer that enchantment into us and Candy will have a way to defend herself without needing to carry around another stone. The only problem is knowing how much money that’s going to cost.

.....actually, doesn’t Sugar still owe Candy something for winning that bet on being able to get an enchantment license? I know Sugar said Candy could take a stone from that huge pile Sugar brought home, but maybe we can have her give us some money instead?
>>
No. 905884 ID: b1b4f3

>>905875
If we have two slots then we should take a Light stone from the pile.
>>
No. 906202 ID: 91ee5f

>>905884
I thought we were told that it’s bad to put a spell that’s a different element than the element of the stone you want to put it on?

The only exception seems to be if the spell in a neutral element, like us.
>>
No. 906348 ID: 15a025
File 153920673276.png - (5.78KB , 800x600 , 73.png )
906348

>I mean is it even enchanted?
There's a chance it could be some red stone, or even just an empty enchantment stone. I'd have to get it appraised to know for sure.

>Well, the police are offering monetary rewards for turning in enchantment stones, so maybe we should turn it in and you can finally have some money in your pockets.
I thought they were just giving hot chocolate to anyone turning them in, no questions asked the other week?

>Yeah, turn it in to the police, but don't tell them where you found it. Remember, Sugar brought in a big sack of these things not too long ago. In fact, there's probably a decent chance that she hid it there.
>It's effectively been abandoned by the previous owners of the house so it's legal to take. Keep it!
I'll take it the station with me next time I go, and ask Officer Nibbles to appraise it for me, and then hear what she has to say about fusing it into my earring.

She's definitely going to want to know where it came from though.

>telling them we found it in the snow wouldn’t be too hard to believe.
That might sound like someone lost it in the snow then. She might take it and try to search for the 'owner' then.

I might be better off just saying it was my grandparents, and they left it in the house when they moved out.

>you’re probably going to need money to [fuse enchantment stones]
Money I don't have, dang it. I owe Marsh... shoot I've already forgot how much? I don't think my "paycheck" from my sister is even going to cover that when I get it.

>doesn’t Sugar still owe Candy something for winning that bet on being able to get an enchantment license? I know Sugar said Candy could take a stone from that huge pile Sugar brought home, but maybe we can have her give us some money instead?
It might not be completely out of the question, but I'm not sure she'd give me much.

>If we have two slots then we should take a Light stone from the pile.
>I thought we were told that it’s bad to put a spell that’s a different element than the element of the stone you want to put it on?
>The only exception seems to be if the spell in a neutral element, like us.
It's not bad to put enchantments of different elements on a stone, it's just not possible. With the exception being neutral, non elemental stuff. You guys could go on any stone.
>>
No. 906349 ID: 15a025
File 153920675179.png - (5.71KB , 800x600 , 74.png )
906349

> put that rock back in the hole and put the fire poker back where you found it. Then hide that stone until you can get it to the cops tomorrow.
I try to un-mangle the fire poker and cover up the hole. There's still bend marks on the poker, but it doesn't look like the fire place has been used in awhile. I'll sneak the enchantment stone down to my room in put it in my briefcase for now.
>>
No. 906350 ID: 15a025
File 153920685060.png - (4.30KB , 800x600 , 75.png )
906350

Now to take care of something else that's been bugging me all day, this crap in my sweater pocket!

I flick the dead bolt in place on my door and empty out my pocket.
I've got:

Binoculars
Cell Phone
A Letter for my sister
Police Camera with a roll of film
Radio microphone with the light off.

I should probably put some of this stuff in my night stand for-
>>
No. 906351 ID: 15a025
File 153920688087.png - (4.19KB , 800x600 , 76.png )
906351

Wait, a letter for my sister?
>>
No. 906413 ID: 91ee5f

>>906351
Oh! I remember who that’s from! It’s from that weirdo you and Marsh met in front of the coffee place!

He wanted you to give that letter to Sugar and you said you’d try to give it to her when she’s sober enough to read it!

Now might be a good time to give it to her before she decides to get drunk again!
>>
No. 906419 ID: 91ee5f

>>906413
Now I’m remembering more details! It was a Hyena guy that said he was “An acquaintance from the next town over.” and said to make sure Sugar got the letter and she reads it tonight!

Marsh already checked it, so it’s safe to give to Sugar. And don’t open it! Respect your sister’s privacy!
>>
No. 906482 ID: b1b4f3

Yeah get that letter over to her pronto.
>>
No. 906531 ID: 891b91

I have a bad feeling about that letter, but you might as well give it to Sugar and hope for the best.
>>
No. 906736 ID: 15a025
File 153946827127.png - (4.90KB , 800x600 , 77.png )
906736

>It was a Hyena guy that said he was “An acquaintance from the next town over.”
>I have a bad feeling about that letter, but you might as well give it to Sugar and hope for the best.
>Now might be a good time to give it to her before she decides to get drunk again!
>Yeah get that letter over to her pronto.
I grab the letter and rush upstairs.
Candy: "Sugar?!"

It's a few moments before she replies.
Sugar: "In my office!"

I walk in and- why are there so many holes in the wall?

Sugar: "That wasn't an invitation to come in! What do you want, I'm on the phone here!"

Candy: "Oh sorry to intrude. Look I forgot to give you your mail earlier so here."

Sugar: "Since when did I give you the key to the- yeah just a second!"
>>
No. 906738 ID: 15a025
File 153946839762.png - (4.83KB , 800x600 , 78.png )
906738

She sets the phone down on her massive desk.

Sugar: "When did I give you the mailbox key?"

Candy: "You didn't. Some 'acquaintance from the next town over' gave it to me to deliver to you."

Sugar: "How does he-"

Sugar: "I'm going to have to call you back. Yeah? Well tell that one to Slick, because he just dropped me a letter!"

She slams the phone on down to hang up.

Sugar: "How does he know you?"

Candy: "I don't know! This hyena guy came up to me and Marsh at the mall wanting us to deliver this to you!"
>>
No. 906739 ID: 15a025
File 153946841483.png - (4.72KB , 800x600 , 79.png )
906739

She grabs the letter off her desk and seems to just skim through it.
>>
No. 906741 ID: 15a025
File 153946847867.png - (4.91KB , 800x600 , 80.png )
906741

Sugar: "For a second there, I thought this was going to be trouble. "

Candy: "Then what is it?"

Sugar: "Just another phone call I'm going to have to make in the morning. Not sure why he didn't just call me in the first place? Anyway in the future, try and stay clear of him."

Candy: "Why, who is he?"

Sugar: "One of my biggest costumers. He runs a mafia or something and sells my goods in another town.

Candy: "A mafia or something?? Wait, you're selling drugs to the mafia to sell in another town!"

Sugar: "You didn't think I could afford this place just running a candy store and a bar did you?"
>>
No. 906751 ID: b1b4f3

Honestly, yes, because it's a shithole.
>>
No. 906753 ID: 891b91

>>906741
>"You didn't think I could afford this place just running a candy store and a bar did you?"
The holes in the wall and the lack of any functional plumbing whatsoever suggest otherwise!

>mafia
Honestly, Candy, do you really want to risk getting mixed up in this kind of stuff? I know you used to live a bit... wilder, but it seems like you've been trying to stay on the straight and narrow, for the most part. Not to mention that it's pretty disturbing that mobsters know who you are by sight. Marsh and Sharcole seem like very nice people, and I know Sugar is family, but I'm not sure this is worth the risk.

Then again, the risk is probably there regardless of whether you try to avoid it or not; if Sugar were to (perhaps inadvertently) make enemies with these mafia types, they could still go after you to punish her, no matter how cleanly you live.
>>
No. 906764 ID: 91ee5f

>>906741
>"You didn't think I could afford this place just running a candy store and a bar did you?"
Considering how much of a miracle it is that a gust of wind hasn’t blown this place down from the terrible condition it’s in, yes! I thought you got this place really cheap and all you needed was a candy store and a bar to afford this place!
>>
No. 906783 ID: 094652

"Sugar, this place is a dump, and the drugs you keep are low-grade swill. How much are you making from the mafia? Because you're not getting paid enough to live like this just as a front."
>>
No. 907083 ID: 15a025
File 153965696467.png - (4.90KB , 800x600 , 81.png )
907083

>Honestly, yes, because it's a shithole.
>The holes in the wall and the lack of any functional plumbing whatsoever suggest otherwise!
>Considering how much of a miracle it is that a gust of wind hasn’t blown this place down from the terrible condition it’s in, yes! I thought you got this place really cheap and all you needed was a candy store and a bar to afford this place!
Candy: "There is no way this place cost you that much cash. There's no plumbing-"

Sugar: "We've got running water."

Candy: "Then why don't we have a bathroom!"

Sugar: "It needs to be completely redone. The floors are rotted and moldy in there, the shower is just rust, the toilet is missing-"

Candy: "How does a toilet go- anway, my point still stands. How does a mansion with a rotted out bathroom and holes everywhere cost so much you have to work for the mafia to afford it!"

Sugar: "Buying it was cheap. Keeping this place standing and running isn't. You know how much cash I've spent fixing this place up? You should have seen it when I first moved in here."

Candy: "It looks like you just moved in here! What have you even done?"

Sugar: "This office here was just a giant hole in the floor if that gives you an idea."

Candy: "What about the holes in the wall there?"

Sugar: "Those weren't there when I moved in."

Candy: "Then-"

Sugar: "Yeah yeah, bullet holes. You know how many times I've made other people replace that window?"
>>
No. 907084 ID: 15a025
File 153965704368.png - (3.97KB , 800x600 , 82.png )
907084

> Honestly, Candy, do you really want to risk getting mixed up in this kind of stuff? I know you used to live a bit... wilder, but it seems like you've been trying to stay on the straight and narrow, for the most part.
From the sounds of it, she doesn't really want me getting involved with the mafia either? Or at least the hyena guy. I don't mind helping out with the bar or the candy store, but I'm not sure I want to go back to selling "candy canes" again. I'm kind of surprised peppermints and candy canes in general haven't been banned here yet either. When I was dealing in college, four towns just flat out banned all the stuff used to make them. Didn't stop me from driving further to stock up on stuff though.

>Not to mention that it's pretty disturbing that mobsters know who you are by sight.
Somehow everyone seems to think I look like my sister, even though she has that ugly mop on her head. I could kind of see him thinking I was related to Sugar, but I don't think he'd just hand me a letter like that based on an assumption like that. Knowing her, she's probably got drunk once and told him about me and maybe even Pepper.

>Then again, the risk is probably there regardless of whether you try to avoid it or not; if Sugar were to (perhaps inadvertently) make enemies with these mafia types, they could still go after you to punish her, no matter how cleanly you live.
Yeah then there's that too, as well as the reverse. They could go after me if I turn on her. I'm not sure if their relationship goes that far or not though. Or if she wouldn't come after me herself.
>>
No. 907085 ID: 15a025
File 153965706992.png - (4.91KB , 800x600 , 83.png )
907085

Sugar snaps me out of my train of thought.
Sugar: "Alright, get to bed Candy. We got a busy day of catching up tomorrow."

Candy: "Catching up on what?"

Sugar: "Orders. It's going to be tricky because I've got people picking up actual candy orders on top of those other 'candy orders' if you catch my drift. With Sharcole being out of it whatever I'm going to really need your help keeping things from going bad. Last thing I need is for her to slip up and give some school teacher a box of spiked candy."
>>
No. 907090 ID: b1b4f3

>>907085
Tell her you can handle all the normal candy business if she wants.
>>
No. 907093 ID: 891b91

>>907090
Seconded, don't start dealing for her if you don't want to.
>>
No. 907167 ID: 91ee5f

>>907083
>bullet holes
Shit! Duck down next to the desk!

I don’t care if nobody’s shooting right now, she just said this room gets shot at a lot, so it’s better to be safe than sorry!

>>907090
I agree!

And explain that you don’t know who wants what or what the code names for the special candy are! You’d end up messing something up and giving someone the wrong thing! So she needs to bring in someone else to handle all of the special candy while you handle the regular candy for the normal customers.
>>
No. 907442 ID: 15a025
File 153992607583.png - (4.86KB , 800x600 , 84.png )
907442

>Duck down next to the desk! I don’t care if nobody’s shooting right now, she just said this room gets shot at a lot, so it’s better to be safe than sorry!
We're the only people and house around for miles. I feel like those bullet holes are probably from angry
"guests" or "friends" she's had over.

>Tell her you can handle all the normal candy business if she wants.
>Seconded, don't start dealing for her if you don't want to.
Candy: "I'll help out at the candy store with the regular orders. I'm not dealing with anything other than just normal candy."

>explain that you don’t know who wants what or what the code names for the special candy are!
Candy: "I don't know who's who or what they want. I don't even know what your names for everything is!"

Sugar: "Pff, that's easy. Sharcole's got a list and knows everyone. I could make you a list of names-"

Candy: "I'm just selling candy tomorrow. That's it. I'm not dealing."

She lets out an over exaggerated groan.
Sugar: "Seriously, who are you and where's my sister?"

She lets out a sigh.
Sugar: "Just try and keep the peace tomorrow then alright? Not saying anyone's going to try pulling anything, but some of them might need a reminder."
>>
No. 907443 ID: 15a025
File 153992617180.png - (4.18KB , 800x600 , 85.png )
907443

She pulls out a gun and sets it on the desk.

Sugar: "Your pocket knife isn't going to do you much good behind a counter. Even has a hoof lock on the grip so you can hold the stupid thing."

As worried as I am about her just giving me a loaded gun to, she's got a point. I need something more than just a knife to protect myself. Something isn't- wait!
>>
No. 907445 ID: 15a025
File 153992635481.png - (4.89KB , 800x600 , 86.png )
907445

Candy: "Hold it. Are there customers coming in tomorrow that carry a gun with them?"

Sugar: "You think anyone buying drugs in this town can afford a gun? You don't need to worry about that crap."

Candy: "The bullet holes in your wall say otherwise."

Sugar: "Those came courtesy of my friends outta town. But, that's a story for another night and another reason to stay away from them."

Her phone starts ringing.

Sugar: "Alright it's getting late and I've got phone calls to make."

Candy: "Yeah, whatever. Goodnight."
>>
No. 907446 ID: 15a025
File 153992642072.png - (5.21KB , 800x600 , 87.png )
907446

I leave Sugar's office and head back down stairs.

Is there anything else I should do before crawling into bed for the night?
>>
No. 907457 ID: ee2d6e

Check and familiarize yourself with the gun if you intend to use it. Start by removing the magazine and clearing the chamber so you don't have any negligent discharges. Either there's a button on the side or a lever on the bottom to drop the magazine, and then you just pull the slide all the way back a couple times while looking into the ejection port and making sure the chamber's empty. Then you can start practising slowly pulling the trigger while maintaining a sight picture with the empty gun until you're confident you can do it without jerking the gun to the side.
>>
No. 907466 ID: 094652

Practice reloading the gun, and keep the chamber empty when you go to bed. I don't trust the safety switch of a mafia custom, and you do not want this thing going off in your pocket.
>>
No. 907467 ID: 91ee5f

>>907446
You do not have room to carry that in your pockets with how many things you’re already carrying!

And you know how good Officer Nibbles’ sense of smell is! If she decides to come get some candy again, she’s going to smell the gunpowder from the gun and know you have it! That’ll be harder to explain away compared to last time with the mashed cigarette on the counter and some candies with tiny amounts of alcohol in them!
>>
No. 907589 ID: 891b91

>>907467
That's a very good point. I think the best way to handle this possibility is to keep the gun stowed under the counter at the candy shop and treat it as store property. It doesn't guarantee that there won't be trouble, but you should be able to pass it off as a defensive measure (which it already is) in case someone tries to rob the shop. It seems like the area's having some pretty significant crime problems as it is, so it'd probably be pretty believable.

Alternatively, you could ask the police whether you could get a police-issued firearm from them, for the sake of self-defense while you carry out your duties as an undercover officer.

Anyway, as for what to do for the evening, it's probably time to get some shuteye.
>>
No. 907656 ID: 15a025
File 154005778568.png - (5.21KB , 800x600 , 88.png )
907656

>You do not have room to carry that in your pockets with how many things you’re already carrying!
If I leave the binoculars here I've got enough room.
Oh shoot! I forgot to put all that stuff away. I better go hide that stuff before Marsh or someone decides to come into my room for something.
>>
No. 907657 ID: 15a025
File 154005783558.png - (4.16KB , 800x600 , 89.png )
907657

I head over to my room and pack all my stuff into my new nightstand.

>you know how good Officer Nibbles’ sense of smell is! If she decides to come get some candy again, she’s going to smell the gunpowder from the gun and know you have it!
Considering what's going on at the store tomorrow, I might have bigger things to worry about if she decides to show up.

>I think the best way to handle this possibility is to keep the gun stowed under the counter at the candy shop and treat it as store property. It doesn't guarantee that there won't be trouble, but you should be able to pass it off as a defensive measure (which it already is) in case someone tries to rob the shop. It seems like the area's having some pretty significant crime problems as it is, so it'd probably be pretty believable.
That works too. I'll have to make sure I don't really leave the counter though, or stuff it back in my pocket when I do.
>>
No. 907658 ID: 15a025
File 154005789798.png - (4.39KB , 800x600 , 90.png )
907658

>Check and familiarize yourself with the gun if you intend to use it. Start by removing the magazine and clearing the chamber so you don't have any negligent discharges.
Guess it's a good thing I'm a walking cotton swab. She didn't give anything to clean it with.

Before I mess around with this thing at all, I double check safety's on and take out the magazine. With that out, I take off my sweater and use my pocket knife to cut off a little bit of wool.
>>
No. 907659 ID: 15a025
File 154005792824.png - (4.33KB , 800x600 , 91.png )
907659

After double checking the chambers empty and getting my make shift "cotton swab" I start cleaning the chamber out. My once creamy colored swab of wool comes out looking like a lump coal. Guess I'm going to be chopping off some more wool.
>>
No. 907661 ID: 15a025
File 154005796978.png - (4.36KB , 800x600 , 92.png )
907661

After a few swabs I get it cleaned out.

>start practising slowly pulling the trigger while maintaining a sight picture with the empty gun until you're confident you can do it without jerking the gun to the side.

Getting used to holding this is going to take some time. I better start now when there isn't any pressure. I press my hoof into the little grip on the side and twist it into place. It's awkward, but at least I can hold it. I don't have much around in here to use a sight picture, so I just improvise for now and use the base of my lamp shade.
>>
No. 907662 ID: 15a025
File 154005799655.png - (4.40KB , 800x600 , 93.png )
907662

>Practice reloading the gun

Afterwards, I start trying to reload it a couple of times when something hits me. She didn't give any extra ammo to reload this with. Hopefully I'm not going to need more than what she gave me.
>>
No. 907663 ID: 15a025
File 154005802209.png - (4.26KB , 800x600 , 94.png )
907663

>it's probably time to get some shuteye.
>keep the chamber empty when you go to bed. I don't trust the safety switch of a mafia custom, and you do not want this thing going off in your pocket.
I'll just keep the gun in my nightstand with everything else. Before going to bed, I practice getting my hoof in and out of the grip a few more times.

Goodnight earring ghosts!
End of Thread Five


Delete post []
Password