[Burichan]  [Futaba]  [Nice]  [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 61031)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 23187 unique user posts. View catalog

File 125506037227.gif - (4.18KB , 400x400 , icon.gif )
61031 No. 61031 ID: b8d3e4
Expand all images
>>
No. 61033 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506043685.gif - (1.62KB , 701x683 , 1.gif )
61033
It is very dark here.
Please suggest an action.
>>
No. 61034 ID: 43d730
Pun-
I mean HEADBUTT EVERYTHING
>>
No. 61037 ID: 276781
Turn on night vision goggles, admire self.
>>
No. 61038 ID: a4f64b
Turn on the lights, it's dark in here!
>>
No. 61039 ID: 82167e
>>61033
Reach for the gash above you.
>>
No. 61040 ID: 1afd58
>>61033
Get up, open curtains
>>
No. 61041 ID: 135d9a
Are those pushable buttons over there?
>>
No. 61042 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506055524.gif - (1.63KB , 701x683 , 2.gif )
61042
>>61034
>headbutt everything
Nan swings her head, but just hits the air.

>>61037
>Turn on night vision goggles, admire self.
Nan is not wearing night vision goggles!
>>
No. 61043 ID: e3f578
Examine white light, a curtain is probably blocking it.
>>
No. 61044 ID: f4963f
>>61042
Are those buttons? Press them.
>>
No. 61045 ID: c0f3bf
Open the window?
>>
No. 61046 ID: 82167e
>>61042
Hit your alarm clock. Time to get up.
>>
No. 61048 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506065291.gif - (11.40KB , 701x683 , 3.gif )
61048
>>61038
>Turn on the lights
Nan turns on the lights. The morning haze gets a little clearer.

Nan finds herself in her bedroom. This is not unexpected.
>>
No. 61049 ID: 82167e
>>61048
Don't bother covering your shame, nobody can see you.
>>
No. 61050 ID: a7ef8c
what time is it?
>>
No. 61051 ID: 476456
call in sick at work, go spend the day at the arcade.
>>
No. 61052 ID: 276781
>>61048
Change out of nighties in private.
After all, you're no slut~
>>
No. 61053 ID: 12f282
>>61048
What time is it?
>>
No. 61054 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506075988.gif - (11.33KB , 701x683 , 4.gif )
61054
Nan doesn't want to get up.
But there are things she has to do. She has a duty. An obligation to certain others.
Her position is vital.
>>
No. 61055 ID: f21281
>>61048
Turn off that godforsaken alarm.

Better yet, hurl it at the wall. Fucking alarm waking us up from blissful slumber.
>>
No. 61056 ID: e3f578
Engage in morning ritual. Press the snooze button and get analyze clothes for what to wear for today. Then realize your identity.
>>
No. 61057 ID: 4553b2
>>61042
Use MOUNTAIN GOAT POWERS to hit the red things next to you.
>>
No. 61060 ID: 82167e
>>61054
What is your QUEST?
>>
No. 61061 ID: 276781
>>61054
Well! You shouldn't keep them waiting, then.
>>
No. 61062 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506095344.gif - (12.21KB , 701x683 , 5.gif )
61062
>>61053
>What time is it?
It's 6:30 AM.

>>61056
>Engage in morning ritual
Nan guesses it's about time to get going.
>>
No. 61064 ID: c0f3bf
>>61062
Admire adorable horns.
>>
No. 61065 ID: f44349
>>61062
...What is our DUTY?
>>
No. 61066 ID: b1e366
>>61060
What is your FAVORITE COLOR?
>>
No. 61068 ID: 1afd58
>>61062
Get dressed!

Or shower first, if that's your thing
>>
No. 61070 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506121185.gif - (12.36KB , 701x683 , 6.gif )
61070
>>61065
>What is our DUTY?
Nan picks out some clothes for the day while reviewing her DUTY.
She knows she is part of a vital link in a chain of many individuals, and in order to keep things running smoothly, and to prevent catastrophe, she and all the others must stay vigilant.
Nan contemplates skipping her shower.
>>
No. 61072 ID: 476456
Nobody likes a smelly goat.
>>
No. 61073 ID: f21281
>>61070
So you're a factory worker on an assembly line then.
>>
No. 61075 ID: e3f578
What traits do you have? GIRLISH FIGURE? FIERCE ATTITUDE? SWIFT LEGS? SMART ALEC? MANLY PHYSIQUE?
>>
No. 61076 ID: 4553b2
>>61070
What does this chain of individuals support? Are there lives on the line?
>>
No. 61077 ID: 1afd58
>>61070
Hey, if no one will notice your stink, feel free <3
>>
No. 61079 ID: a7ef8c
if your not going to take a shower at least wear a sweater or jacket to cover up the stink.
>>
No. 61082 ID: f44349
>>61070
>Nan contemplates skipping her shower.

Don't do that unless you absolutely HAVE to.
You'll feel gross all day.
>>
No. 61083 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506159960.gif - (13.10KB , 701x683 , 7.gif )
61083
Nan decides to take a quick shower after all.

>>61075
>What traits do you have? GIRLISH FIGURE? FIERCE ATTITUDE? SWIFT LEGS? SMART ALEC? MANLY PHYSIQUE?
Nan never really considered herself in terms of traits like that before. But if she had to choose one she'd probably be known for her ABILITY TO HUM SHOWTUNES.
Actually come to think of it Nan isn't really sure what makes her special.

Maybe nothing.
>>
No. 61085 ID: aa1163
>>61083
You just haven't had a chance to discover what it is that makes you special yet. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get that chance sooner than you think.
>>
No. 61087 ID: e3f578
Are you depressed Nan? Hum a little to lift your spirits, that is what showers are for. For singing in.
>>
No. 61089 ID: ee0a11
>>61083

You have cute little horns. That's something!
>>
No. 61090 ID: 1afd58
>>61083
Well, you are sorta horny lookin'.

That's enough for some people.
>>
No. 61092 ID: c0f3bf
>>61083
Why do I think of Arthur Dent...
>>
No. 61093 ID: f21281
>>61083
Hum the Doctor Who theme.
>>
No. 61097 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506191713.gif - (12.84KB , 701x683 , 8.gif )
61097
Nan is dressed and ready to face the day.
>>
No. 61099 ID: 276781
>>61097
Face the day like it was your last! Seize it in your hands and make it your own!
>>
No. 61101 ID: 82167e
>>61097
Overalls: Not sure if want.

Also if this were Reaver, I'd expect fallingman.gif.
>>
No. 61102 ID: 1afd58
>>61097
Carpe deim!
>>
No. 61104 ID: f44349
Well what are you waiting for?
Face the FUCK out of that day!
>>
No. 61106 ID: e3f578
I suggest daning a little jig. Good for the soul.
>>
No. 61108 ID: a7ef8c
did you eat breakfast yet?
>>
No. 61109 ID: de913c
Very slowly, tell us where you work, and what you do.

We need to know. Now.
>>
No. 61110 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506216643.gif - (6.50KB , 701x683 , 9.gif )
61110
>>61101
>Overalls: Not sure if want.
Nan considers her attire. She was never fond of overalls, but she doesn't particularly care too much about how she works.
As an electronics technician and repairman (repairwoman?) this is what's expected of her.
>>
No. 61111 ID: 1afd58
>>61110
It's just work.

Go in reasonable clothes.

In this case, those are your overalls.
>>
No. 61113 ID: ee0a11
>>61110

Well, let's get to work then.
>>
No. 61114 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506234630.gif - (9.39KB , 701x683 , 10.gif )
61114
Nan heads out.
It's another fine day here in the Glen.
>>
No. 61115 ID: f21281
File 125506237743.png - (11.67KB , 701x683 , Nangineer.png )
61115
>>61110
You just don't have the right accessories, Darlin'.
>>
No. 61116 ID: ee0a11
>>61114

Are any of your co-workers up?
>>
No. 61118 ID: de913c
>>61114
>Glen

>Glen

>METAL GLEN

...oh fuck.
>>
No. 61120 ID: 276781
>>61114
Should probably go find your co-workers and scan your memory for any outstanding maintenance work that needs to be done.

If you can't think of anything urgent, then go find your boss and get orders.
>>
No. 61121 ID: 632862
>>61118
No, this place isn't underwater.

This is somewhere different.
>>
No. 61124 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506263399.gif - (8.60KB , 701x683 , 11.gif )
61124
Nan heads outside and checks her mailbox. She keeps her work orders here and just lets them pile up until she gets around to them.
It's sort of lazy, but then, so is Nan.
>>
No. 61126 ID: de913c
>>61121

Metal Glen wasn't completely submerged, you know.

Nan, I suggest you go over any strange events that you can think of. Making odd repairs, patching strange holes, anything. Seek your co-workers where you can, but for now, you should probably only find one confidant. And stay away from Red.

Red is not nice.
>>
No. 61127 ID: e3f578
Realize you have valuable skill as a repair woman. You're quite needed. Become a bit more fulfilled in your life.
>>
No. 61130 ID: a7ef8c
did u get ur pay check?
>>
No. 61133 ID: cd08c0
>>61126
> Red is not nice.
BLASPHEMY.
Red is the sexiest man alive.
We should spy on him.
>>
No. 61135 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506292017.gif - (7.56KB , 701x683 , 12.gif )
61135
>>61126
>Red is not nice.
Nan doesn't know anyone named Red.

>>61130
>did u get ur pay check?
Nan gets paid per job, she's not on a salary.

Nan goes through the jobs she still has piling up. She momentarily considers whether she should start catching up on backlogged orders, since that's the responsible thing to do, or if she should look for something more interesting in the newer jobs.
>>
No. 61136 ID: 43d730
>>61124
YOU
YOU ARE THE KIND OF PERSON THAT HAS CAUSED ME TO BE SITTING IN A WOBBLY CHAIR SINCE THE START OF THE SEMESTER
AND THE CHIPS IN THE MIRROR
AND THE CLUNKING NOISE IN THE AIR CONDITIONER
AND THE SQUEAKING HINGES
A WORLD WHERE NO ONE REPAIRS ANYTHING HAS LEFT ME IN DESPAIR
>>
No. 61137 ID: f44349
>>61135
Responsible is BORING.
Let's find something fun.
>>
No. 61139 ID: 276781
>>61135
May as well be responsible - but sort your jobs in order of importance. Stuff that's possibly life-threatening before anything else, obviously.
Minor things like fixing some guy's chair (>>61136) can be ignored until the big things are out of the way!
>>
No. 61140 ID: de913c
>>61135

>Glen Glen Glen Glen

>Outside

...I need information. Please tell me more about... well, anything. The jobs, your surroundings, any CO-WORKERS that happen to not be around you.
>>
No. 61141 ID: ee0a11
>>61135

Look for something more interesting.
>>
No. 61142 ID: a7ef8c
chose one of the newer ones. the old customers are just going to bitch and whine about how late you are.
>>
No. 61143 ID: 632862
>>61124
>Cedar Glen

>>61135
Responsibility is important. People need their stuff repaired you know.
>>
No. 61148 ID: 6faa8c
voting for responsibility
>>
No. 61154 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506361895.gif - (8.91KB , 701x683 , 13.gif )
61154
Nan shrugs and decides to just do some work in the order she got it. Responsibility has its advantages too.
She heads off to grab her transportation to her first job.
>>
No. 61163 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506402899.gif - (6.67KB , 701x683 , 14.gif )
61163
Nan heads off to her first job, some sort of complication arising from a fusebox blowing. The owner of the business seems upset, his letter sounded urgent.
>>
No. 61168 ID: 45afb1
>>61163
Start humming old 70s songs that only got popular during the 80s and 90s.
>>
No. 61169 ID: a7ef8c
how long ago was the letter sent? he might have gotten another technitian to do it.
>>
No. 61170 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506441675.gif - (7.46KB , 701x683 , 15.gif )
61170
>>61168
>Start humming old 70s songs that only got popular during the 80s and 90s.
Nan can't think of any songs like that off the top of her head.

Nan arrives at the address on the work order.
>>
No. 61172 ID: 135d9a
Well... Go on in, I guess?
>>
No. 61173 ID: 276781
>>61170
Get to work, make sure you still have the job to do if it's rather old, and apologize for the delay in getting to work on it.
>>
No. 61174 ID: a7ef8c
looks like you forgot your toolbox.
>>
No. 61179 ID: de913c
>>61170

>Iamsoscaredrightnow.jpg

Seriously. I expect great things of you Weaver.
>>
No. 61183 ID: 43d730
>>61182
Now you've done it.
Incoming blood-spatter-brush in 5...
>>
No. 61184 ID: 9ded94
>>61170
Get an ominous feeling about your immediate future that'll make you shrudder. Something bad is coming up...
>>
No. 61187 ID: 632862
>>61183
Oops. Um right I was going to repost that:

I dunno. I think Weaver's going to keep stringing us along and nothing strange will happen at all.

I happen to find this hilarious.
>>
No. 61188 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506493597.gif - (10.69KB , 701x683 , 16.gif )
61188
>>61172
>Well... Go on in, I guess?
The door seems unlocked.
Nan heads into the Arcade.

It is dark here. Hardly anything can be seen.
>>
No. 61189 ID: 9ded94
>>61188
Examine the gaming systems.
>>
No. 61190 ID: 135d9a
Nan, are you telling us that you went into a building with a broken fusebox without a flashlight?

Because that would be silly. :V
>>
No. 61191 ID: 276781
>>61188
Looks like the repair job was for the lighting for this place. Are there any windows other than on the door? Darkness is rarely a good thing to have in abundance.
>>
No. 61193 ID: ee6acb
Plug in pacman and go for a highscore
>>
No. 61195 ID: 632862
>>61188
Find the fusebox. How old is this work order anyway?

...I just realized we haven't seen a living person yet.
>>
No. 61196 ID: b8d3e4
File 12550651199.gif - (10.70KB , 701x683 , 17.gif )
61196
>>61189
>Examine the gaming systems.
There are a variety of arcade games here, none of them are turned on.
Nan used to play these a lot when she was just a kid.
>>
No. 61197 ID: ed8d8a
>>61196
>kid

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHEHEHEHOHOHO!
I get it.
>>
No. 61198 ID: 9ded94
>>61196
Yell, just to see if there's anyone out there at all.

"Hello?"

No need for anyone to be scared if it can be avoided.
>>
No. 61199 ID: 43d730
>>61196
Pick up guns from the one on the end.
Pose awesomely.
>>
No. 61201 ID: 6faa8c
>>61199
Yes, this!
>>
No. 61203 ID: fd6933
>>61195
Why would anybody be hanging out in an arcade with a power outage?

Looks like this is gonna be just another job. Get ye flashlight, and then fix those fuses.
>>
No. 61204 ID: ee6acb
Call out and see if anyone is around.
>>
No. 61205 ID: 64d98f
File 125506544814.png - (3.26KB , 271x143 , ohforfuckssake.png )
61205
>>61196
> goat
> kid

very funny, weaver
>>
No. 61206 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506545734.gif - (11.07KB , 701x683 , 18.gif )
61206
>>61190
>Nan, are you telling us that you went into a building with a broken fusebox without a flashlight?
Of course Nan has a flashlight.

>>61198
>Yell, just to see if there's anyone out there at all.
Nan calls out through the echoing arcade.
>>
No. 61207 ID: 64d98f
>>61206
holy fuck, what's that
>>
No. 61208 ID: 9ded94
>>61206
Direct your flashlight into the hallway and proceed to the source of the problem. Let's get this over with.
>>
No. 61210 ID: 632862
>>61207
What's what?
>>
No. 61211 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506570114.gif - (11.73KB , 701x683 , 19.gif )
61211
Someone approaches from behind a row of arcade games, giving Nan a little start.
The man introduces himself as the owner of the arcade. The place has power, he explains, but there's something seriously wrong with the fusebox and he can't get the place running, so he's losing profit.

He says the fusebox is in the basement and he'll gladly show Nan the way.
>>
No. 61213 ID: ee6acb
>>61211
Put your full faith and trust in this man who was hiding until now. Do not expect him to do anything bad.
>>
No. 61214 ID: 64d98f
>>61210
just kidding :V


follow the stranger, nothing bad could possibly happen
>>
No. 61216 ID: 9ded94
>>61211
This is suspicious, but the man deserves the benefit of doubt. Follow him, but be extremely wary for reasons you don't quite understand.

I mean, you've done this kind of stuff countless times before, right? Why should this case be in any way different?
>>
No. 61217 ID: 9ded94
>>61214
>stranger

He's not a stranger. They've met countless times back when Nan was still a kid and a frequent customer of the arcade. Right?
>>
No. 61220 ID: ee6acb
>>61217
>The man introduces himself as the owner of the arcade
Must be a new owner.
The old owner probably isn't in the bloodsmeared basement, crawling around without his skin.
>>
No. 61221 ID: f44349
>>61211
Well, lets get to fixin'!
Also pretend to fix it by hitting it with a wrench and shouting 'SENTRY GOIN UP.' If the arcade owner doesn't get it, he is lame.
>>
No. 61222 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506612626.gif - (9.94KB , 701x683 , 20.gif )
61222
>>61213
>Put your full faith and trust in this man who was hiding until now. Do not expect him to do anything bad.
Nan follows the man to the back, where a dark stairway down leads to the basement. The owner tells her the fusebox is down there, damaged for whatever reason.

>>61217
>He's not a stranger. They've met countless times back when Nan was still a kid and a frequent customer of the arcade. Right?
Nan has never been to this particular arcade.
>>
No. 61224 ID: 64d98f
welp let's go! chop chop, hurry it up, we've got lots of customers waitin'
>>
No. 61225 ID: ee6acb
Shine your torch down the stairway.
Offer for the man to lead and if he refuses, go down first instead.
Also, ask his name?
>>
No. 61227 ID: 135d9a
Down into the depths of---

Er.

Down into the basement, anyway.
>>
No. 61229 ID: ee0a11
>>61222

Alright, let's fix this place up.

Make some small talk with the owner about old arcade machines on your way down.
>>
No. 61231 ID: 9ded94
>>61222
inb4 METAL GLEN

Even though it was at the ocean. MINDFUCK.

Yeah anyway, head down there, flashlight flashing.
>>
No. 61234 ID: 04bd7e
gonna guess the box is old, the arcade games probably are sucking more juice than it will allow..
>>
No. 61244 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506707495.gif - (6.23KB , 701x683 , 21.gif )
61244
Nan descends into the basement. The owner waits upstairs.

>>61229
>Make some small talk with the owner about old arcade machines on your way down.
Nan is a little too shy for small-talk.

It's very dark down here in the basement.
>>
No. 61245 ID: 9ded94
>>61244
Fix the fusebox and get some more light.
>>
No. 61247 ID: 135d9a
Oh dear.

Angle flashlight down somewhat so as to see what is at your feet, there. Something's made quite a mess in here and it probably won't do you any good to step in it.
>>
No. 61249 ID: f44349
>>61244

I would just like to restate my previous suggestion (>>61221)

Except... look down for us first...
>>
No. 61250 ID: ee6acb
Hum a few lines from the Major-General's song.
Use light to look at the room.
>>
No. 61251 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506733525.gif - (4.00KB , 701x683 , 22.gif )
61251
>>61245
>Fix the fusebox and get some more light.
This appears to be the fusebox.
Also, Nan has only one flashlight.
>>
No. 61259 ID: 135d9a
You didn't angle the flashlight down?

Well, I guess, since you're over at the fusebox, that means you didn't step in anything horrible, probably.

Open 'er up, we got work to do!
>>
No. 61260 ID: fb5d8e
It's just mold, guys, don't worry.
>>
No. 61263 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506772595.gif - (5.07KB , 701x683 , 23.gif )
61263
>>61259
>Open 'er up, we got work to do!
This looks pretty fairly straightforward. It looks like someone tried to fix it, but only made it worse. Still it shouldn't take long to fix.
>>
No. 61266 ID: ee6acb
>>61263
Look around the basement with your flashlight before you fix the fuses.
>>
No. 61267 ID: 135d9a
Well, then, get fuse... box... ing.

Man, Nan, I dunno how to actually do your job. That part's on you.
>>
No. 61269 ID: 45afb1
>>61263
Try and think of any song that might have been made in the 70s but only got popular in the 80s and 90s, make it your duty once you leave this place to figure out what kind of songs these could be.
>>
No. 61270 ID: fb5d8e
Nan.. How do you feel about romance?
>>
No. 61271 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506817774.gif - (105.50KB , 701x683 , 24.gif )
61271
It doesn't take long, but Nan puts the finishing touches on her repairs.
She flips the switch, and the lights come on.

[animated]
>>
No. 61272 ID: fb5d8e
That's mold, alright. What a mess. Get out of here, it's probably not healthy.
>>
No. 61273 ID: 135d9a
Man, this place could use some cleaning up.

But that's not your job! :V

So, uh, head on up, tell what's-his-name that the problem's solved, and then move on to job #2.
>>
No. 61275 ID: ee6acb
With a smile, tell the guy that the job is done.
Ask if there is anything else he needs done.
>>
No. 61276 ID: 9ded94
>>61271
Um, investigate the mold a bit, even though it's probably not healthy. Because you're a curious person.
>>
No. 61280 ID: 276781
>>61271
Head back upstairs. Stoutly ignore the desire to check the mold, just let the store owner know that stuff is up and running now.

And if you're feeling brave enough, maybe venture the suggestion that he should get that mold looked at.
>>
No. 61281 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506878228.gif - (12.61KB , 701x683 , 25.gif )
61281
>>61272
>That's mold, alright. What a mess. Get out of here, it's probably not healthy.
It looks more like just stains and dirt, but Nan doesn't know too much about mold anyway.

Nan heads upstairs and tells the owner the problem is fixed. It appears he already knows. He's wasted no time attracting a crowd. Something about a live arcade just brings in kids on a saturday morning. They'd never get up this early for school.

The owner seems very pleased, and does not hesitate in presenting Nan with her check for services rendered.
>>
No. 61284 ID: ee6acb
>>61281
Now spend some money on the arcade machines!
>>
No. 61286 ID: 9ded94
>>61284
This!

You haven't played one since you were a kid yourself. Be nostalgic and spontaneous! See if you can break an old high score!
>>
No. 61287 ID: fb5d8e
Good work.
Feel proud and happy with yourself.
>>
No. 61288 ID: 276781
>>61281
Smile warmly. Reminisce about childhood and the hours you spent on arcade machines, tell him that he should send you a message if he has any more problems, then get your stuff together and head off to your next job.
>>
No. 61289 ID: a3b36a
Next job. Gotta pay those bills.
>>
No. 61290 ID: b8d3e4
File 12550690945.gif - (12.61KB , 701x683 , 26.gif )
61290
>>61284
>>61286
>Now spend some money on the arcade machines!
Nan didn't bring any cash. She's just got the check!

The owner offers Nan some free pizza for a job well done.
>>
No. 61291 ID: 9ded94
>>61290
Grab a bite. You've earned it.
>>
No. 61292 ID: 895b3e
>>61290
eat it

one bite.
>>
No. 61294 ID: 135d9a
Go for it.

Pizza is awesome.
>>
No. 61295 ID: 9ded94
inb4 sleeping pills or some shit
>>
No. 61297 ID: 276781
>>61290
Is it cheese or pepperoni?
If it's pepperoni, then you might not like it, Nan - unless you're not opposed to meat or something.
>>
No. 61299 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506949191.gif - (7.51KB , 701x683 , 27.gif )
61299
Nan is off to her next job.
>>
No. 61301 ID: a3b36a
Ride dat bike, Nan! You should totally get one of those little bells for it if you don't already have one.
>>
No. 61303 ID: b8d3e4
File 125506992759.gif - (7.42KB , 701x683 , 28.gif )
61303
The next work order is a simple request to replace wiring for a few outlets. Luckily, Nan always carries plenty.
>>
No. 61305 ID: 9ded94
And now shit is going to finally get real. You'll see.
>>
No. 61306 ID: 8b7db1
>>61299
Biking while eating. THIS CAN ONLY END WELL.

What is the next job like? Remember anything from the letter?
>>
No. 61310 ID: b8d3e4
File 125507098870.gif - (10.74KB , 701x683 , 29.gif )
61310
It's a bit of a ride, but it's still early morning when Nan arrives at the hotel requesting the work order.
>>
No. 61311 ID: ee0a11
>>61310

Looks fancy. Let's go talk to the guy in charge and see where the problem is.
>>
No. 61314 ID: 632862
>>61310
This may be slightly more interesting.

I mean, look at that sun! So foreboding.
>>
No. 61321 ID: b8d3e4
File 125507164338.gif - (10.36KB , 701x683 , 30.gif )
61321
>>61311
>Looks fancy. Let's go talk to the guy in charge and see where the problem is.
Nan walks into the hotel. It seems very nice. There's soft but boring music playing in the lobby and a nice chandelier compliments the room.
>>
No. 61323 ID: 9ded94
>>61321
Ring the bell.
>>
No. 61327 ID: b8d3e4
File 125507198779.gif - (5.46KB , 701x683 , 31.gif )
61327
Nan goes to ring the bell, but notices the little sign next to it.
>>
No. 61329 ID: ee6acb
>>61327
Wait half an hour.
Spend this time trying to remember the Major-General's song. Whatever you do, don't go exploring, because that would be rude.
>>
No. 61330 ID: 9ded94
>>61329
>Wait half an hour.

See if you can find the source of the problem, while you're at it. Check the fuses.
>>
No. 61331 ID: b8d3e4
File 125507242563.gif - (10.84KB , 701x683 , 32.gif )
61331
>>61329
>Wait half an hour.
>Whatever you do, don't go exploring
Nan sits down and starts to wait.
This is very boring.
Five minutes pass.
>>
No. 61332 ID: 4553b2
>>61331
Don't wait under the chandelier! That's asking for it to fall.
>>
No. 61333 ID: f44349
>>61331
Oh what are you doing!
You can't just sit there for a half an hour!
Nevermind manners, have a look around!
Maybe you could find the problem and fix it before anyone even gets back!
Haha they would be so impressed!
>>
No. 61334 ID: fb5d8e
Leave a notice that you were there but there was no one to receive you and that they need to make a new appointment.
Move on to next job.
>>
No. 61335 ID: ee0a11
>>61331

Screw politeness! Let's have a look around!
>>
No. 61336 ID: 632862
>>61331
Follow the wiring of the chandelier into the next room.
>>
No. 61337 ID: e8d8be
Shlick furiously.
>>
No. 61338 ID: b8d3e4
File 125507272640.gif - (10.82KB , 701x683 , 33.gif )
61338
>>61333
>Maybe you could find the problem and fix it before anyone even gets back!
Nan reviews her work order.
The east-facing outlet in room 117 needs to be replaced and rewired. It seems very straightforward.
>>
No. 61339 ID: c0f3bf
Replace it. Then rewire the crap out of it.
>>
No. 61340 ID: 4553b2
>>61338
If you fix it before they get back, they might not pay you. Because intruding, and what not.

Just start singing at the top of your lungs. I suggest Happy Days.
>>
No. 61341 ID: a3b36a
Charge them for this waiting time.
>>
No. 61343 ID: ee0a11
>>61338

Let's do it.
>>
No. 61344 ID: 8b7db1
>>61338
Go exploring for that room, but try not to wander off too much.
>>
No. 61346 ID: b8d3e4
File 125507345179.gif - (9.72KB , 701x683 , 34.gif )
61346
>>61339
>Replace it. Then rewire the crap out of it.
A simple outlet rewiring could be done before the concierge gets back. Nan heads off to find room 117, which is probably here on the first floor.
>>
No. 61348 ID: fd6933
Leave a note, at least.
>>
No. 61350 ID: 9cc8fd
Does the chandelier have wiring strung through the air going to a closet? I can see why they need work done.
Now, is this the first floor or the ground floor? Let's find a room and read the heck out if its number.
>>
No. 61353 ID: 632862
>>61346
Huh, they attached the chandelier's power cord to an outlet in the janitor's closet? Weird.
>>
No. 61354 ID: b8d3e4
File 125507396192.gif - (6.69KB , 701x683 , 35.gif )
61354
Nan continues down the hall, past the elevator, and gets to the rooms. Luckily for her, they all seem to follow a predictable numeric system.
>>
No. 61355 ID: 4ee19c
>>61354
uhuhhhhhh
>>
No. 61356 ID: a3b36a
You should totally suggest they get that chandelier properly wired, if you've got the skills to do it and it'll fetch a good price.
>>
No. 61357 ID: ee0a11
>>61354

We have a key to Room 117, right?
>>
No. 61359 ID: b8d3e4
File 125507447622.gif - (7.09KB , 701x683 , 36.gif )
61359
>>61357
>We have a key to Room 117, right?
Yeah, Nan grabbed one from the-

Whoop!
Nan trips into one of the stands!
>>
No. 61360 ID: 9ded94
>>61359
Grab the vase! It's totally going to be reduced from your payment if it breaks!

And with your luck, it's probably chinese antique.
>>
No. 61361 ID: c0f3bf
Use ninja reflexes to catch falling vase!
>>
No. 61362 ID: f44349
>>61359
SHIIIIT!
CATCH IT!
>>
No. 61365 ID: 9e9b47
>>61359

Let it fall. Fate has decreed it must die.
>>
No. 61366 ID: b8d3e4
File 125507479292.gif - (6.71KB , 701x683 , 37.gif )
61366
Nan isn't fast enough, and the vase is already out of reach.
It shatters on the floor.
>>
No. 61369 ID: ee0a11
>>61366

Pick up the pieces and continue on your way.
>>
No. 61370 ID: 12f282
>>61366
THIS REMINDS ME OF A PUZZLE
>>
No. 61371 ID: 632862
>>61366
Curse loudly.
>>
No. 61372 ID: bd2eec
>>61366
no one can ever know about this

get the pieces
dump them into a trashcan
hope they don't have security cameras
>>
No. 61373 ID: f44349
>>61366
Shiiiiiit.
They are going to be so pissed.
I don't suppose we could put it back together?
>>
No. 61375 ID: b8d3e4
File 125507512136.gif - (6.44KB , 701x683 , 38.gif )
61375
>>61373
>I don't suppose we could put it back together?
Nan cleverly gathers the pieces and puts them back together as best as she can.
>>
No. 61376 ID: b8d3e4
File 125507514622.gif - (6.87KB , 701x683 , 39.gif )
61376
Nan finishes replacing the pieces.
Hopefully no one will notice there is anything different.
>>
No. 61377 ID: e8d8be
It's just a vase, they are not going to be THAT pissed. Put the pieces in a bag and tell the manager what happened when he comes back.
>>
No. 61378 ID: f44349
>>61031
>>61376
That's uh...
That's... great, Nan.
Perfect. No one will ever know.
>>
No. 61380 ID: 632862
>>61376
Go back to the janitor's closet and find something to put the pieces in. Maybe sweep up any small shards or dirt that got on the floor.
>>
No. 61383 ID: b8d3e4
File 125507563578.gif - (7.43KB , 701x683 , 40.gif )
61383
>>61378
>Perfect. No one will ever know.
Nan, satisfied with her work, continues down the hall to room 117.
>>
No. 61384 ID: 9ded94
>>61383
TURN AROUND

MEET THE GAZE OF THE CUTE BOY OVER THERE
>>
No. 61386 ID: b8d3e4
File 125507586551.gif - (6.49KB , 701x683 , 41.gif )
61386
>>61384
Nan turns around, but only catches a quick glimpse of the young man before he retreats into his room, closing the door fast.
>>
No. 61388 ID: c0f3bf
Go outside the door and say "Hello?"
>>
No. 61389 ID: 6550ad
Just keep going, before he witnesses how you break another valuable part of the hotel.
>>
No. 61391 ID: 9ded94
>>61386
Knock the door.

You still have plenty of time to make friends.
>>
No. 61392 ID: 632862
>>61386
Move along to 117.
>>
No. 61393 ID: b8d3e4
File 125507625817.gif - (6.44KB , 701x683 , 42.gif )
61393
>>61392
>Move along to 117.
Nan briefly considers knocking on the door of the stranger, but she's awfully shy. She wouldn't know what to say. She doesn't even know what she'd want to say.

She reaches room 117, and pulls out the key she took from behind the main desk.
>>
No. 61395 ID: 6faa8c
>>61386
Knock on the door~
>>
No. 61397 ID: 6faa8c
>>61393
Awww, okay. You can think something up later ~
>>
No. 61399 ID: b8d3e4
File 125507649094.gif - (6.48KB , 701x683 , 43.gif )
61399
Nan knocks, but there's no answer from the room.
>>
No. 61405 ID: 9ded94
>>61399
Open it and head inside.
>>
No. 61406 ID: 6faa8c
>>61399
in we go.
>>
No. 61409 ID: b8d3e4
File 125507746749.gif - (10.03KB , 701x683 , 44.gif )
61409
Nan steps into room 117.
>>
No. 61410 ID: 9ded94
>>61409
Pick up the candy from the pillow that's always there waiting for new inhabitants.

Don't touch anything else. Start fixing the problem.
>>
No. 61411 ID: aba0a3
Check in the cabinet under the sink.
>>
No. 61414 ID: 632862
>>61409
Find outlet. Fix the FUCK out of it.
>>
No. 61416 ID: b8d3e4
File 125507777961.gif - (10.05KB , 701x683 , 45.gif )
61416
>>61410
>Pick up the candy from the pillow that's always there waiting for new inhabitants.
There's no little mint on the pillow! What kind of crass establishment is this?
If Nan wasn't already pretty full from pizza she'd be even more upset. Still, it would have helped get rid of pizzabreath.
>>
No. 61419 ID: 1de70e
Pizzabreath is sexy. Now let's get to work on that outlet. Keep an eye on the door every now and then. Don't know who may try to sneak up on you.
>>
No. 61426 ID: b8d3e4
File 125507824471.gif - (10.19KB , 701x683 , 46.gif )
61426
>>61419
>Now let's get to work on that outlet
Good thinking.
But this reminds Nan of a puzzle: which outlet is in need of repairs? If she replaces the wiring on the wrong one, it'll be wasted time. And if she tries one to test it, and it's the one that needs repairs, incomplete wiring could cause an electrical fire!

Using all the information you have already, you should be able to solve this!
>>
No. 61428 ID: 632862
>>61426
It's the East-facing outlet, silly!
>>
No. 61431 ID: b8d3e4
File 12550784983.gif - (10.08KB , 701x683 , 47.gif )
61431
>>61428
But which way is east?
>>
No. 61432 ID: e06ea4
>>61426
Don't you have a multimeter or something that can test without actually putting a load on the socket? Did the work order change, is it for one outlet or multiple? Whatever, start with the East-facing one in here and then check it again.
>>
No. 61433 ID: 95484a
>>61426
How many outlets are there? I only see two, and they're both facing the same way, so neither of them can be "the" east-facing outlet.
>>
No. 61434 ID: e06ea4
>>61431
Toward the back of the building.
>>
No. 61435 ID: 632862
>>61431
I see two outlets, both facing one direction. Are there other outlets? If there's only one other outlet, that must be the correct one. If there's two, well... Uh...
>>
No. 61438 ID: 632862
>>61431
Oh, of course. The sun was rising behind the hotel. It is currently to the right. The outlet that needs fixing should be on the wall to the left, opposite the bed.
>>
No. 61440 ID: 632862
>>61434
NNG, you beat me!
>>
No. 61442 ID: 9ded94
I think this quest is a lot like that Creepy Wall thread we had on /tg/ a couple years back: players had been told it'd be a horror campaign and waited a long while for something to happen, but nothing ever did.

Weaver's reputation and Nan's small role in Ruby Quest has lead us all to expect a horrifying mindfuck, but so far there's been nothing of such.
>>
No. 61443 ID: b8d3e4
File 125507907635.gif - (9.92KB , 701x683 , 48.gif )
61443
>>61438
>The sun was rising behind the hotel. It is currently to the right.
Nan considers that if the sun was rising behind the hotel, and she's been going further and further back in it, then she's been heading East. Therefore East must be to the right of this room.
She moves the small stand and sure enough, there's another outlet on that wall.

Now for one final question.
Did the order mean "east-facing" as in "on the West wall" (facing east?) or "on the East wall" (when facing east)?
>>
No. 61444 ID: 17d13d
If the outlet isn't working, the hotel staff may have hidden it behind the dresser beside the bed. Check behind the dresser
>>
No. 61448 ID: b8d3e4
File 125507954544.gif - (10.08KB , 701x683 , 49.gif )
61448
>>61444
>Check behind the dresser
There is another outlet here as well.
>>
No. 61449 ID: 9ded94
Flip coin.
>>
No. 61451 ID: 476456
Didnt you bring something you could use to test them?
>>
No. 61452 ID: 17d13d
the one beside the bed is probably the one to fix
>>
No. 61453 ID: ee6acb
>>61448
That one looks funny. LOGICALLY it is the broken one.
>>
No. 61454 ID: dd1710
It is obviously the one on the west wall (left). The order says the "east-facing socket" not the "socket seen when east-facing".
>>
No. 61455 ID: 7eda8b
Test the outlet on the west wall. (To the left)
>>
No. 61456 ID: 1de70e
Become cynical, assume everyone other than you is incompetent, and work on the outlet on the eastern wall because they obviously meant that and gave you some half-assed incorrect description of the outlet's whereabouts.
>>
No. 61457 ID: 632862
>>61448
Look at the outlet. Are there scorch marks?
>>
No. 61459 ID: b8d3e4
File 125508022267.gif - (9.96KB , 701x683 , 50.gif )
61459
>>61453
>That one looks funny. LOGICALLY it is the broken one.
Nan sees what appears to be scorch marks around the outlet and decides this must be the one. She gets to work replacing the wiring (wearing safety gloves of course!) and the job appears pretty straightforward after all.
>>
No. 61460 ID: c0f3bf
Brace for impact.
>>
No. 61461 ID: 12f282
>>61459
Oh dear. This is awkward.
>>
No. 61462 ID: ee6acb
>>61459
Although it's funny cause I was thinking about it and >>61454 makes a lot more senOH GOD THERE IS A GUdid he just come out of the shower/bath? Oh Nan, how did you not hear him bathing?
>>
No. 61464 ID: 276781
>>61459
There is someone behind you. Don't freak out or look or anything, just apologize for the intrusion and proclaim you'll be done shortly after fixing the outlet.
>>
No. 61465 ID: 6550ad
Turn around and politely excuse yourself out of the room.
>>
No. 61470 ID: 632862
>>61459
That explains the missing mint.
>>
No. 61471 ID: aba0a3
Introduce yourself, say you're here to, "Fix their outlets."
>>
No. 61472 ID: b8d3e4
File 125508058125.gif - (9.83KB , 701x683 , 51.gif )
61472
Nan turns around, but there's clearly nobody there.
>>
No. 61473 ID: 7eda8b
Continue as if you don't notice.
>>
No. 61474 ID: 9ded94
>>61472
Keep doing your work, then leave.

This hotel is full of handsome shy men.
>>
No. 61475 ID: f44349
>>61472
>there's clearly nobody there.
Oh. Well, carry on then.
>>
No. 61476 ID: b8d3e4
File 125508080383.gif - (9.21KB , 701x683 , 52.gif )
61476
Nan shrugs and continues her work.
She wonders why she assumed anyone was there. Clearly the room is empty.

The socket is pretty much repaired. Nan puts the finishing touches on it and replaces the outlet cover.
>>
No. 61478 ID: 9ded94
>>61476
>She wonders why she assumed anyone was there.

She's fantasizing about the boy she saw earlier. He sure was good looking.
>>
No. 61479 ID: 7eda8b
Lay on the bed and close your eyes.
>>
No. 61482 ID: 632862
>>61476
Shove the cabinet back in place. Lock the door after you leave.
>>
No. 61484 ID: b8d3e4
File 125508136514.gif - (9.89KB , 701x683 , 53.gif )
61484
That didn't take long.

>>61482
>Shove the cabinet back in place.
Nan replaces the dresser.

>>61479
>Lay on the bed and close your eyes.
Nan relaxes after a job well done.
>>
No. 61486 ID: ee6acb
>>61484
You can't do that! Wake up you silly Nan!
>>
No. 61487 ID: 7eda8b
Practice your ABILITY TO HUM SHOWTUNES.
>>
No. 61488 ID: 12f282
>>61484
...er... is he doing what I think he's doing?
>>
No. 61489 ID: 632862
>>61488
Holding the towel with one hand?
>>
No. 61490 ID: 9ded94
>>61484
Stretch yourself in a sexy manner.
>>
No. 61491 ID: b8d3e4
File 12550817543.gif - (10.54KB , 701x683 , 54.gif )
61491
>>61487
>Practice your ABILITY TO HUM SHOWTUNES.
Seeing as how it hasn't been 30 minutes yet, Nan decides to practice her showtune-humming. After all, she's gotta stand out somehow.
>>
No. 61492 ID: 9ded94
>>61491
Open your eyes and act surprised.
>>
No. 61493 ID: c0f3bf
Keep humming showtunes!
>>
No. 61494 ID: 7eda8b
Maybe sing a little bit.

Something kind of slow and melodic.

Not too loud.
>>
No. 61495 ID: e8d8be
>>61491

Ya know those back in 30 mins signs are not 100% accurate, what if he had already been gone for 20 mins? Go back to the desk.
>>
No. 61496 ID: f44349
>>61491
OHGOSH
SOMEONE'S IN HERE
AND... naked~
>>
No. 61497 ID: b8d3e4
File 12550823251.gif - (9.64KB , 701x683 , 55.gif )
61497
>>61492
>Open your eyes and act surprised.
Nan acts surprised. For some reason.
>>
No. 61498 ID: 9ded94
>>61497
Wh- where did he go?

Investigate the bathroom.
>>
No. 61499 ID: ee6acb
>>61497
Go into the bathroom. THIS SUGGESTION IN THE BACK OF YOUR MIND SUGGESTS SO.
>>
No. 61500 ID: f44349
>>61031
>>61497
What?
But... naked guy...
Huh.

INVESTIGATE BATHROOM!
NOTHING EMBARRASSING COULD POSSIBLY RESULT FROM THIS COURSE OF ACTION!
>>
No. 61501 ID: e06ea4
Make more faces as you do so, maybe an anger followed by joy.
>>
No. 61503 ID: b8d3e4
File 125508261911.gif - (10.06KB , 701x683 , 56.gif )
61503
Nan feels an odd urge to explore the bathroom.
But at the same time, it's probably been about 30 minutes.
>>
No. 61505 ID: 6550ad
Get out of that room before someone catchs you sleeping there.
>>
No. 61506 ID: e06ea4
>>61503
Was it Eastern outlet or outlets? The job order wasn't too clear. It's worth checking if the bathroom has one, wouldn't want to do an incomplete job.
>>
No. 61508 ID: 9ded94
>>61503
Head back to get your payment. That's the priority: any carnal adventures with handsome men have to come later.
>>
No. 61509 ID: ee6acb
>>61503
Investigate that water on the floor. There could be leaky pipes or something and you should let the management know. Start by following the water into the bathroom.
>>
No. 61510 ID: 632862
>>61503
Look at water. Ask if anyone's there.
>>
No. 61511 ID: b8d3e4
File 125508298315.gif - (7.13KB , 701x683 , 57.gif )
61511
>>61506
>Was it Eastern outlet or outlets? The job order wasn't too clear. It's worth checking if the bathroom has one, wouldn't want to do an incomplete job.
Nan investigates the bathroom, but it only has outlets on the North wall.
>>
No. 61512 ID: 476456
Maybe there's one in the shower stall.
>>
No. 61513 ID: ee6acb
>>61511
There could be a clue in the toilet
>>
No. 61514 ID: e06ea4
>>61511
There might be one in the shower with a GFCI on it for things like shavers, and it would be a very bad idea to leave such an outlet in a broken unchecked state.
>>
No. 61515 ID: 9ded94
>>61511
Maybe there's an outlet behind the shower curtain?

That would be a serious danger, and all the more reason for you to check it out.
>>
No. 61516 ID: b8d3e4
File 125508346287.gif - (7.12KB , 701x683 , 58.gif )
61516
>>61514
>>61515
>Maybe there's an outlet behind the shower curtain?
It's possible they have a specialty outlet installed in the shower itself. Nan checks.

But there's no outlet in the shower. That means no more work here.
>>
No. 61518 ID: 9ded94
>>61516
Then just go back to the lobby to receive your well-earned paycheck.
>>
No. 61519 ID: e06ea4
>>61516
All right then, time to get paid.

And possibly mention a broken vase.
>>
No. 61520 ID: ee6acb
>>61516
Go back to the reception desk and don't stop for any other inklings that there are mysterious men around when there obviously aren't, phantom water aside.
>>
No. 61522 ID: 632862
Pfft. She fell asleep, and the guy left. Hope he didn't complain about it.
>>
No. 61524 ID: b8d3e4
File 125508429767.gif - (6.59KB , 701x683 , 59.gif )
61524
>>61519
>All right then, time to get paid.

Her job successfully complete, Nan heads back to the concierge's desk to pick up her fat check for easy work.
>>
No. 61525 ID: 9ded94
>>61524
Note how someone fixed the vase. Wonder about it for a moment.
>>
No. 61526 ID: 197650
Didn't you break that vase?
>>
No. 61527 ID: b8d3e4
File 125508471716.gif - (9.89KB , 701x683 , 60.gif )
61527
>>61526
>Didn't you break that vase?
Nan makes a mental note to tell the staff about the vase.
>>
No. 61528 ID: b8d3e4
File 125508476622.gif - (9.98KB , 701x683 , 61.gif )
61528
The elevator chimes.
>>
No. 61529 ID: 9ded94
>>61528
Wait for it. It's either your payer or some other handsom guy.

You'll get either paid or laid. Win-win.
>>
No. 61530 ID: 7ba506
>>61528
You might want to just hightail it back to the lobby. Chill out there for a bit.
>>
No. 61531 ID: 197650
>>61527
>Nan makes a mental note to tell the staff about the vase.

That's the problem deary, you broke it. now it's fine.
>>
No. 61532 ID: b8d3e4
File 12550860358.gif - (25.46KB , 701x683 , 62.gif )
61532
>>61529
>Wait for it.
Nan waits for the elevator.

[animated]
>>
No. 61533 ID: 1d375b
Acquire waffle iron.
>>
No. 61534 ID: 6550ad
Examine the object in the elevator.
>>
No. 61535 ID: 59bd59
>>61532
W ... what's that?
>>
No. 61536 ID: 9ded94
>>61532
Investigate the object on the elevator floor. DON'T TARRY INSIDE IT. Just pick it up, and get back to reception.

Muse about how this place must be haunted. Mystery men walking around and elevator moving by itself. Maybe those two guys you saw were actually one and the same...? Nah, that'd be stupid. You're far too mature to believe in ghost stories, are you?
>>
No. 61537 ID: b8d3e4
File 125508633038.gif - (5.75KB , 701x683 , 63.gif )
61537
>>61534
>Examine the object in the elevator.
It appears to be an alarm clock.
>>
No. 61538 ID: e8d8be
Neet, an alarm clock that doesn't need to be plugged in to work. Sure it's not set to the right time but let's take it.
>>
No. 61539 ID: ee6acb
Nan maybe you should consider getting the hell out of this place
>>
No. 61540 ID: 6550ad
That is... weird. And kinda creepy. Head back to the reception and start considering going back home without getting paid because this place is haunted.
>>
No. 61541 ID: 59bd59
>>61537
Oh god oh god get out of there shit shit oh god oh fuck shit. You feel your flight instinct kicking in.
>>
No. 61542 ID: b1e366
>>61541
Most alarm clocks have a battery backup to keep them running if the power goes out. It's not that strange.
>>
No. 61543 ID: b8d3e4
File 125508661152.gif - (10.63KB , 701x683 , 64.gif )
61543
>>61538
>Neet, an alarm clock that doesn't need to be plugged in to work. Sure it's not set to the right time but let's take it.
Nan pockets the alarm clock and heads back to the concierge desk.
There is still no sign of the concierge.
>>
No. 61544 ID: 1de70e
>>61543
You should consider fixing the clock. Clocks typically only do that when they're broken, so you should fix it.
>>
No. 61545 ID: e8d8be
Ding the bell.
>>
No. 61546 ID: 632862
>>61542
What is strange is for a clock to show 4:66. There's only 60 minutes in an hour.

It must be a very BROKEN alarm clock with a battery. In an elevator. Yeah. Nothing weird about that.
>>
No. 61547 ID: 632862
>>61543
Check the sign by the bell again. Is it any different?
>>
No. 61548 ID: b8d3e4
File 125508694487.gif - (10.40KB , 701x683 , 65.gif )
61548
>>61545
>Ding the bell.
Nan dings the bell and waits a moment. But there's no response.
>>
No. 61549 ID: 7ba506
>>61548
Take the tranquilizers to go back to the normal hotel!

it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts
>>
No. 61550 ID: e8d8be
Time is money, write up a bill and leave it on the desk. Off to our next job.
>>
No. 61551 ID: b8d3e4
File 125508725244.gif - (6.07KB , 701x683 , 66.gif )
61551
The sign does not appear to be of any help.
>>
No. 61552 ID: 1de70e
You're not going to leave. Nope. Not until you get your rightful paycheck.
>>
No. 61553 ID: 632862
>>61548
Put the key back?

...wait why was there a key available for room 117 when there was a guest already in it? Curiouser and curiouser.
>>
No. 61554 ID: ee6acb
>>61551
Lift up bell and sign.
Place clock on counter.
>>
No. 61555 ID: 1de70e
>>61551
Why... why is there a hole in the sign? What did you do Nan?! Can't you learn to be more careful?
>>
No. 61556 ID: 632862
>>61551
Pinch self.
>>
No. 61557 ID: b8d3e4
File 125508765658.gif - (10.70KB , 701x683 , 67.gif )
61557
>>61556
>Pinch self.
Nan pinches herself. Ouch.

>>61553
>Put the key back
Nan leans over the counter again to return the key, but the slot for Room 117 is already occupied. There is a PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWDRIVER in the slot.
The other slots appear to be empty.
>>
No. 61558 ID: e8d8be
Silly us, we must have left it there by accident, take it.
>>
No. 61559 ID: 1d375b
Try key on locked mail box
>>
No. 61560 ID: 7ba506
>>61557
Brush up on lockpicking skills.
>>
No. 61561 ID: 6550ad
Pry the locked mail box open with the screwdriver.
>>
No. 61562 ID: 632862
>>61557
I have never been so creeped out in my life by a perfectly ordinary object.

Replace screwdriver with key.
>>
No. 61563 ID: b8d3e4
File 125508861277.gif - (21.90KB , 701x683 , 68.gif )
61563
>>61558
>Silly us, we must have left it there by accident, take it.
Nan takes the PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWDRIVER and replaces it with the ROOM 117 KEY.

Something odd happens.
[Animated]
>>
No. 61564 ID: 59bd59
>>61563
Open it. What could possibly happen?
>>
No. 61565 ID: 1de70e
DIVE DIVE DIVE! HIT YOUR BURNERS PILOT!
>>
No. 61566 ID: 8ce2bf
Throw a vase at the slot.
>>
No. 61567 ID: 9ded94
>>61563
Open it, carefully.
>>
No. 61568 ID: b8d3e4
File 125508906398.gif - (10.85KB , 701x683 , 69.gif )
61568
The rattling of the mail slot grows louder and louder, until it becomes a fierce and insistent banging. The sound builds and builds, and soon the walls themselves seem to shake.
>>
No. 61569 ID: 1de70e
>>61568
I'd suggest leaving but the good money says that the door is locked. Find a place to take cover.
>>
No. 61570 ID: e8d8be
Hmm, they should have a mechanic take a look at that. We would, but we weren't commissioned to look at a mail box that was shaking a building. Sit and wait for the manager.
>>
No. 61571 ID: 1d375b
Oh god earthquake! Quickly get under a table or the front counter.
>>
No. 61572 ID: 8ce2bf
Take the room 117 key back, maybe it's allergic.
>>
No. 61573 ID: b8d3e4
File 125508942488.gif - (11.23KB , 701x683 , 70.gif )
61573
The entire lobby begins to shake and buckle, and the chandelier rattles furiously. The pounding grows louder and louder, and like some approaching giant, closer and closer.
Something horrible is shaking behind that door.
And it may not hold.
>>
No. 61574 ID: 59bd59
>>61573
I think now is a good time to flee.
>>
No. 61575 ID: ee6acb
Get your supple young self outta there! Through the door!
>>
No. 61576 ID: dd1710
>>61573

yo I am your flight instinct telling you to get the fuck out right now
>>
No. 61577 ID: 2dd482
It's probably just large bodied people having very vigorous sex in the room behind the lobby.

Go 'investigate'
>>
No. 61578 ID: 9ded94
>>61577
Makes sense. Why else would the guy in charge be late?
>>
No. 61579 ID: b8d3e4
File 125509118798.gif - (228.12KB , 701x683 , 71.gif )
61579
>>61575
>Through the door!
The door is not locked.
Nan bursts out of the double-doors of the hotel.

[animated]
>>
No. 61580 ID: 1de70e
>>61579
Is... Is the box still shaking?
>>
No. 61581 ID: ee6acb
>>61579
fffffffffffffff it's the morgue all over again
Open the doors and look through them to make sure you're seeing what you're seeing.
And roll for an insanity check.
>>
No. 61582 ID: 9ded94
>>61579
MINDFUCK

THE PLACE IS HAUNTED

Think about this for a moment. Then head to rooms 114 and 117 to find their current tenants. Maybe they can help.
>>
No. 61583 ID: b8d3e4
File 125509135016.gif - (10.66KB , 701x683 , 72.gif )
61583
Nan has entered the Hotel Lobby.
>>
No. 61584 ID: b8d3e4
File 125509144172.gif - (4.95KB , 400x400 , 73.gif )
61584
End, Part 1
>>
No. 61585 ID: 632862
>>61583
Hum "Hotel California" instinctively.
>>
No. 61586 ID: fb5d8e
:C
>>
No. 61588 ID: 9ded94
Good show once again, Weaver. Can't really go wrong with you.

Looking forward for the next installment.
>>
No. 61605 ID: a83918
I take a few hours rest, A FEW HOURS AND I MISS AN ENTIRE QUEST CHUNK!?

Can't a guy feel sick without missing out??
>>
No. 61607 ID: 64d98f
No.
>>
No. 61620 ID: ee0a11
>>61589

How did you do that?
>>
No. 61768 ID: f835bd
Dammit, this started just after my internet died last night, now I'm bummed.
>>
No. 62184 ID: baa689
NANNYNANNYBOOBOO
>>
No. 63140 ID: 4e9b58
If only Moppina were here, she'd know what to do.
>>
No. 63153 ID: 82920c
>>61589
cool, I didn't know we could do that.
>>
No. 63160 ID: 6a6a5e
Life just started sucking real hard for Nan. Why did this have to happen to her?
>>
No. 63161 ID: 2dd482
>>63160
Well I don't think it could get any wors-

>rubyquest

Oh...
>>
No. 63366 ID: d6b121
1408

*yawn*
>>
No. 63372 ID: db1ae6
>>61607
No one likes you.
>>
No. 63374 ID: 6550ad
Please take the discussions to /Questdir/ until the game is running once more.
>>
No. 64119 ID: e06ea4
Audio Various Artists - 008 - The Eagles - Hotel California - (8.91MB - 192 kbps - 44.1 kHz ) Length: 6:29
64119
reuploading as a normal file
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password