[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 920476)
Message
File []
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 20000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 3592 unique user posts. View catalog

File 154972469189.png - (3.85KB , 250x250 , title.png )
920476 No. 920476 ID: 97c6b2

As stated in the so-very-recent previous thread, this is a quest thread with a game mechanic to make it a bit more /tg/(chan) related. Whenever you suggest an action that has a chance of failure or is important, roll a d20 (email field, 'dice 1d20'). Rolling under Driblis' (or whoever's) related stat of BODY, MIND, or TALK will make the action successful. Rolling over it will be a failure. Not all actions require rolls, but you may as well roll dice when you make a suggestion, in case it does. Probably going to be a bit more lax on requiring that on tgchan than I was back in the old country. Each attack in combat deals 1 HP damage, critical hits (nat 1) are GM-fiat.

This game is completely sandbox, so feel free to do whatever! Also it's been a short while since I've run a quest, so it's possible some recent conventions are not present here. Feel lucky there's no orb of infinite psyche.

Previous threads here, but not really required reading: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Quest:Driblis_Quest
Expand all images
>>
No. 920477 ID: 97c6b2
File 154972471012.png - (17.78KB , 640x480 , 000.png )
920477

...
>>
No. 920479 ID: 97c6b2
File 154972476291.jpg - (114.10KB , 1024x768 , 001.jpg )
920479

...
>>
No. 920480 ID: 97c6b2
File 154972477439.jpg - (114.39KB , 1024x768 , 002.jpg )
920480

Driblis wakes up! It's a nice, sunny morning. Driblis isn't sure why it feels like it's been ten years since turning two years old... it's only been two days. Driblis just got back to the camp after fighting a bear and an elf on the recent trip. It was not ten years! ...Need a brief recap?

Current status:
Driblis (???) (The HATFORGER) (SLAYER OF GOATS, FORGER OF HATS) (2 years old)
BODY 11
MIND 8
TALK 10
HP 5/5

Inventory:
Leather Shirt
Silly Hat
Zombie Goat skull helmet
Zombie Goat bone spear
Bear Leather backpack (not pictured)
Dead bear (missing???)

Jibblet (Female) (Fisherbold) (4 years old) (Not present)

Tomifliblin (cat) (not present)

Actions?
>>
No. 920483 ID: 080aaf

rolled 3 = 3

Go for a roll in the hay.
>>
No. 920492 ID: 87353e

rolled 6 = 6

>TALK
Complement and give thanks to the sun for such a lovely morning, in attempt to curry favor with it on this fine day.
>>
No. 920493 ID: 97c6b2
File 154973132481.jpg - (114.82KB , 1024x768 , 003.jpg )
920493

>>920483
A roll in the hay COULD be fun, but Driblis doesn't know of any haypiles around. Kobolds don't raise animals and don't usually keep fodder.

>>920492
Driblis thanks the sun, even if that's kind of a weird thing to do!

The somewhat dwarf-looking sun doesn't seem too impressed, but what's the sun gonna do from all the way over there?
>>
No. 920495 ID: 87353e

rolled 20 = 20

The Sun may be far away, but its kind gaze gives light to the day and provides moral support, ...probably.

>MIND
Your dead bear is missing! Inspect camp for possible clues leading to it may have gone.

Regardless, get dressed up and look for Jibblet and Tomifliblin. Combine hats, place Silly Hat on top Zombie Goat Skull, and Bone Spear can double as a walking stick.
>>
No. 920507 ID: b1b4f3

>>920480
I would like a brief recap!
>>
No. 920512 ID: 834378

Take all your items and go on a quest. What kind of quest? We'll figure that out later!
>>
No. 920520 ID: 2202fb

Holy fuck dude, this quest is ancient!
>>
No. 920521 ID: 97c6b2
File 154974583129.jpg - (59.09KB , 1024x768 , 004.jpg )
920521

>>920495
>>920512
Driblis collects the fallen items! Everything's equipped!

This is a rough map of the camp. There's a few empty tents and lean-tos after the recent attacks, but everyone's mostly fine. There seems to be some kind of commotion in the center of the camp, that's probably where everything got to.

A quest would be good, or at least something! Driblis doesn't exactly have an established trade other than adventuring, so far.

Recap coming!
>>
No. 920522 ID: 97c6b2
File 154974585845.jpg - (140.92KB , 1024x768 , recap.jpg )
920522

Driblis takes a moment to recap what has gone before! It does feel like it's been a SHORT WHILE since Driblis' adventures, even if it was obviously just yesterday.

Upon turning two years old, Driblis was of age for a kobold! SHOVEL was acquired! Driblis proceeded to speak with Jibblet, who was not friendly. Driblis crafted a leather hat for Jibblet, but condition was unchanged! Driblis splashed in the lake with a shovel! Driblis then took to the caves under the camp... and encountered a ZOMBIE GOATS. After defeating the ZOMBIE GOAT, Driblis fashioned a goat bone helmet and a goat bone shield. This impressed some of the villagers, including Jibblet!

The next morning, Driblis was unable to determine gender. After that confusion, Jibblet accompanied Driblis out to the forest nearby, in the hope of combatting some elves! After some travel, they chanced upon a bear. The bear was eventually defeated without too much injury to the kobolds. After some work, the bear was skinned, butchered, and cooked. The skin has been crafted into two rawhide backpacks and a fur top for Jibblet. The kobolds camped briefly. Arriving at the forest, they spent some hours crafting a pit trap, and meeting Tomifliblin, a one-eyed cat.

After a brief nap in the tree, Driblis wandered off for water, and met a rhesus macaque... which was not attacked. After failing some crafting work, Driblis realized an elf had wandered near the traps! The elf, unimpressed with kobold fighting skills, accepted surrender from Driblis, who also stopped Jibblet's sneak attack. The elf sent them back to their camp, and worked to dismantle traps. After some brief travel, the kobolds returned home, and Driblis slept for the remainder of the night.

But now it's a new day!
>>
No. 920524 ID: 2202fb

rolled 5 = 5

Dude, i was in middle school when you last did this.

--
Body

Anyway, lets find out our gender. Voting (feminine) herm cuz it would explain why it was so difficult to determine.
>>
No. 920525 ID: 87353e

Investigate the commotion!
>>
No. 920531 ID: b1b4f3

>>920522
Investigate commotion.
>>
No. 920541 ID: 97c6b2
File 154975600162.jpg - (68.91KB , 1024x768 , 005.jpg )
920541

>>920524
(Driblis quest predates tgchan by literally years!)

>>920525
>>920531
>commotion

Yep. Driblis heads over there, and listens in a bit!

The kobolds are all gathered around, distributing the bear bits. Leather, fur, bones, meat... it all gets passed around to who needs it most! Or who yells the most, it kind of depends on the kobold.

Jibblet is saying that the bear was something she and Driblis got! So at least she's sharing recognition!

Driblis, standing off to the side near the group, digs around a bit to work out the gender. It's up to a vote!
>>
No. 920544 ID: 87353e

>>920541
Vote: Remain unable to tell.
I like the ambiguity, and its also very cuteboldy for Driblis to be somewhat oblivious of it.

See if any kolbolds want things made from their bear parts, that sounds like a task you can help with!
>>
No. 920545 ID: b1b4f3

I thought driblis was pretty much universally regarded as male.
>>
No. 920548 ID: 1f4687

search for sergals
>>
No. 920551 ID: 2202fb

>>920541
Voting for what I already suggested (and rolled :P)

>>920548
Seconding, though lets not do the super-sexual and/or bloodthirsty kind some ppl seem to portray them as (violent and warlike? fine, but i dont want us to go over there only to get raped or curb-stomped on sight).
>>
No. 920563 ID: c4809e

>>920541
voting for unable to tell
>>
No. 920589 ID: 97c6b2
File 154981501450.png - (18.14KB , 640x480 , 006.png )
920589

>>920524
>female-presenting hermaphrodite

>>920544
>>920563
>unknown

>>920545
>Male

Driblis is still unable to figure this out! It's quite a doozy. So instead, uncertain gender.

Also, what's a 'sergal'? Driblis has never heard of those. As far as thinking species goes, Driblis is aware of:

Dwarves to the east, in the mountains
Elves to the northwest, in the forest.
Kobolds right around here, in a plain.
Humans to the southwest, on a coastal flood-plain.
Goblins in the mountain crevices to the south.
Various animal people underground and occasionally in the deep forests
Demons???
Dragons

And a few other things. But no sergals!
>>
No. 920595 ID: 2202fb

>>920589
Meh, that just means they haven't portalled into this dimension yet.
>>
No. 920604 ID: 75c493

>>920589
Better get some bear for breakfast
Beareakfast
>>
No. 920610 ID: 87353e

rolled 2 = 2

>>920589
Cook some bear meat for breakfast!

Also check in with fellow camp members. Maybe they will have a quest for you!
>>
No. 920620 ID: 3ef734

build a temple to the pagan gods of koboldery you worship
>>
No. 920664 ID: 834378

Driblis is always going to be a male in my heart. Go south. It's time to choke goblins.
>>
No. 920678 ID: 2202fb

>>920664
Thanks for sharing.

--

Lets make one of them really long pointy chakram hats.
>>
No. 922416 ID: 97c6b2
File 155062986217.jpg - (165.16KB , 1024x768 , 007.jpg )
922416

>>920604
>>920610
>bearkfast!

Driblis joins in eating bear meat! It was already cooked two nights ago, for preservation, but it's been heated again in the fire now. It's slightly charred and partly still raw, but it's much better than more fish from the lake.

Jibblet agrees on this point.

The kobolds eat their shared meal, out under the sun! It's pretty nutritious and it's good community building. Not that they really need that, but still.

>>920620
>Build temple
To who? There are a few kobold gods, with different profiles... and also some other world powers possibly worth a shrine. Also, this would need a roll!

>>920664
>choke goblins
>>920610
>get QUEST
Driblis will converse with the other kobolds.

>>920678
>chakram hat
A what now? Driblis doesn't know this design! Besides, crafting requires rolling!


Driblis chats with the other kobolds about the role of adventurer, and what should be done!

Driblis' brother Hirblim wants a wolf pelt. Wolves live in the mountains, and sometimes in forests.

Jibblet enjoyed fighting (and eating) the bear, and would like to go fight things. She doesn't particularly care what.

Grissim, Driblis' father, overate and is feeling lazy. He suggests Driblis stop being an idiot and take up a trade that won't get Driblis killed.

Libble, Driblis' younger sister, thinks the cave in camp would be a good place to explore. She's heard that kobolds used to live in there before the ZOMBIE GOATS chased them out.

Gibbla, the resident woodcutter, would like a decent dwarven or human axe. Though she'd prefer neither Driblis nor Jibblet die trying to get it.

Libble adds that she'd also like to see more kobolds around! This camp is relatively small. Everyone knows there's kobolds hidden here and there, all around. Either bringing some here, or finding others and moving there would be good. Of course, Libble's not even of age yet, so she can't make that decision. Though Grissim and Gibbla agree with her, once she's said it.
>>
No. 922428 ID: 2202fb

rolled 4 = 4

>>922416
A chakram hat is like an extra long wizard hat without the rim. It was designed to have chakrams strung onto the point. I believe it is the hat those little fuckers in dark souls 3 in the village wear.
>>
No. 922443 ID: b1b4f3

>>922416
Well if the zombie goats are too tough for kobolds let's not go in the cave.

I would agree with axe theft, wolf hunting, or kobold finding. We could do wolf hunting with Jibblet, and maybe find some kobolds on the way, and maybe even scout out a human settlement as part of the adventure if we're feeling ambitious.
>>
No. 922448 ID: 2202fb

>>922428
did some research, it is considered a turban. They were worn by Sikh warriors.
>>
No. 922466 ID: c4809e

>>922416
Let's look for more bolds~ maybe a nearby tribe has set up camp nearby!
>>
No. 922495 ID: 87353e

>>922416
If you head EAST towards the mountains where the dwarfs live you can look for both wolves and an axe. Take Jibblet with you and along the way you can look for signs of other kobolds that might be around.
>>
No. 922498 ID: 834378

Fine, go east...
>>
No. 923302 ID: 6f6f25

Go to the MSPA website even though there is no computer in sight.
>>
No. 923334 ID: 2202fb

>>923302
Idk, is this spam/a spambot?
>>
No. 923713 ID: 97c6b2
File 155135399192.png - (284.44KB , 1024x768 , 008.png )
923713

>>922428
>>922448
>chakram hat/turban/thing
Driblis tries to picture it, searching for some kind of image... there we go.

>rolled 4
Driblis works for a bit, while the other kobolds chatter on about this and that. Of course, Driblis is somewhat limited by available materials.

At the end, there's... that's not a chakram hat. But it's a weird leather mask in the shape of a kobold head, except the ears are knife holders! So it's basically a really ugly chakram hat if it was a mask instead of a hat and Driblis didn't have chakrams.

Got KNIFE MASK.

>>922495
>>922498
>east, always into the east

>>922443
>humans if not other things

>>922466
>look for bolds

Okay!

Driblis and Jibblet start actually planning for this trip! Current idea is to go east, and try to combine wolf hunting, axe-finding, and kobold-meeting.

Jibblet says she'll take that weird KNIFE MASK if Driblis doesn't have plans for it.

The current inventory for this trip is:
Bone Spear (Equipped, driblis)
Goat Skull helmet (Equipped, Driblis)
Shovel (Equipped, Jibblet)
Leather/rawhide clothing (Equipped, both)
Knife Mask (with 2x stone knife)
Scraps of bear meat
Some berries that Libble found
A long rope from Hirblim. It's made of vines.
A couple torches. Sticks with pitch on the end.
A folded blanket. Smells like butts.

The camp's supplies aren't great, but Driblis and Jibblet may be able to scrounge up a few more reasonable items before their improvised bearskin packs are full! Any suggestions?
>>
No. 923715 ID: 834378

rolled 18 = 18

Water, I heard can be important, but not sure.

Driblis should tell Jibblet that he wants to touch her nose.
>>
No. 924006 ID: 97c6b2
File 155157240195.png - (48.16KB , 640x480 , 009.png )
924006

>>923715
>water
Oh, right. Driblis fetches a few hollowed gourds. The lake water will keep well enough!

>touch nose
>rolled 18, for TALK
Jibblet disagrees!
>>
No. 924008 ID: 834378

Good. Let's go.
>>
No. 924093 ID: b1b4f3

Oh well there's always another chance for romance. Let's proceed.
>>
No. 927422 ID: 97c6b2
File 155364230097.jpg - (97.59KB , 800x600 , 010.jpg )
927422

>>924008
>>924093
>go!

Driblis and Jibblet get going!

... It's kind of boring. The trip through the plains near home is easy enough. Then they find a sparse scrubland, with some trees and lakes, and lots of rocks. It takes a day to get through THAT, and then they're in the real rocks!

After another day climbing over rocks, Driblis and Jibblet spend another night camping. It's been startlingly unstartling. There's not much of note. Though Jibblet did find some nice rocks.

The boring travel feels like it takes weeks even if it's just two days. Food situation is... middling. Without foraging, they'll be running pretty low by the time they get back.

But on the third day, in the morning, they come across a little valley with a not-so-little tower in the middle of it. Even from up here, it's pretty obviously a human building. Probably anyway. It's five stories tall, made of some kind of dark rock, and there's a weird smoking fireplace thing on top. There's also windows up the middle of the two sides Driblis can see.

There's no one visible around it though, and the road out the front only goes a few hundred feet before disappearing because of all the rocky ground. There's tufts of junk all around, and bones and stuff. It's really bleak around here.

Jibblet is uncertain of this place. She doesn't particularly want to go in, but will certainly wait here while Driblis does, if Driblis wants to go in.

Also, it occurs to Driblis that they don't really know where they are. It's obviously the mountains, but neither Driblis nor Jibblet really know exactly where the dwarves live, or anything like that. It has to be close, right?
>>
No. 927424 ID: 834378

rolled 12 = 12

Driblis should go in.
>>
No. 927434 ID: b1b4f3

rolled 5 = 5

Alright let's sneak over there and investigate.
>>
No. 928062 ID: 97c6b2
File 155404368868.jpg - (40.80KB , 799x447 , 011.jpg )
928062

>>927424
>>927434
>sneak in! Reasonable rolling.

Jibblet watches from the cliff as Driblis sneaks forward. There's not a lot of cover here, so Driblis just sneaks prone, hoping no one is looking! ... Jibblet mostly just gets second helpings of the increasingly dry bear meat.
>>
No. 928063 ID: 97c6b2
File 155404375575.jpg - (92.19KB , 800x600 , 012.jpg )
928063

>>928062
Driblis has discovered something! Those piles of whatevers are actually bones! Driblis is pretty sure this human guy is dead. Nice sword though, Driblis takes it! ...since it seems like the human probably won't need it. It's weird, there's scuffs in the dirt like whatever human (and is that a dog?) were moving around when they were already bones. There's no skin or other junk still here.

This new sword is made of metal... iron? Driblis isn't sure. It's sharp though, and kinda slightly curved on the sharp side. It's a bit oversized for a kobold, but it should work better than a bone spear, even for stabbing! There's no rust on the weapon.

Anyway. The tower is made of some kind of really dark stone... not like any of the rocks or the ground around here. It's pretty tall, too! Oh hey, look! There at least USED to be other kobolds around.

The only obvious entrance to the tower is this big door. It's made of some kind of metal. There's a symbol of some human-ish face above it, with fire on top. The fire is kind of blocking whatever the sign says, but Driblis can't read anyway. There's a couple options! Driblis could go back away from this place. Alternatively, there's the big door! It looks like it probably opens outwards. There's also climbing up the masonry work to a window, but that might be kinda hard to do.

Driblis feels a bit weird. The air here is really still, and there's nothing alive anywhere. Driblis doesn't even hear birds or anything.
>>
No. 928065 ID: 834378

rolled 15 = 15

Open the door.

If that fails, use the rope to climb to the first window up there.
>>
No. 928067 ID: b463f3

Have Jibblet loot the corpse for the armor. We could use the metal.
>>
No. 928098 ID: b1b4f3

rolled 18 = 18

>>928063
Get out of there! This is not a human settlement. This is a necromancer's tower.
Maybe loot some more stuff off the skeletons as you go.
>>
No. 928136 ID: 688dd6

rolled 5 = 5

Check for traps.
>>
No. 928556 ID: 97c6b2
File 155431232858.jpg - (84.40KB , 800x600 , 13.jpg )
928556

>>928067
>have Jibblet loot

Driblis can't communicate meaningfully with Jibblet just at the moment! Driblis waves, and points to the bodies, but Jibblet just waves back.

>>928065
>>928098
>open door, don't. Failed rolls.

Driblis tries the door, but it doesn't budge. The metal is warm from the sun! Afterwords, Driblis wonders if maybe not going in is a better idea, but hasn't decided yet. Driblis doesn't know what necromancers are. Should probably decide soon on whether to press on with this exploration or not.

>>928136
>traps, 5 vs MIND roll.

Driblis checks for a bit... no obvious mechanical traps. There's something really weird with that... -copper maybe?- human skull face thing up there. It's on fire with green fire for one thing. It could be some kind of magical thing. It's slightly unnerving anyway, and the eyes are either leaking, or something else is messing up the metal under them.
>>
No. 928557 ID: b1b4f3

rolled 14 = 14

Go loot the bodies then return to Jibblet.
>>
No. 928560 ID: 834378

rolled 12, 8 = 20

Try to talk with the skull.

Throw some bones at the skull.

Leave.
>>
No. 929070 ID: 97c6b2
File 155473252032.jpg - (48.52KB , 640x480 , 14.jpg )
929070

>>928557
>>928560
>loot and scoot

Ok!

Driblis starts by shouting hello to the face! But it doesn't say anything back. Rude!

Also throwing kobold bones at it doesn't do much either. Boo. Driblis isn't really sure what that thing is for if it doesn't talk or anything.

Fine then.

Driblis collects some junk from the nearest bodies, and then goes back up to Jibblet! It doesn't take long to get back behind some more rocks.

Driblis didn't have time to search forever, that tower was weird and unpleasant. So the stuff gathered is:

Long, slightly curved sword. Made of some shiny whitegray metal. It's sharp!

Little dagger. Same kind of metal, also sharp.

Red cape with some animal fur at the top. Probably wolf?

A little circular shield thing. It's small and kinda dome-shaped like some kobold heads. There's etchings on the front! A long dragon, a horse with a horn, and a different shield with some swords behind it.

There's a weird curvy sword thing too. It's only sharp on the inside of the curve. The metal is blackish and stained.

An animal skin full of water! No, it's full of some weird water that smells both a little sweet and a little bad.

Old bread loaf. It's not THAT old though, probably still edible.

Some strips of dried meat! Probably cow? Tastes salty.

Jibblet says she wants the curvy sword thing and the dagger. And the cape. And the shield too.
>>
No. 929071 ID: 834378

But will Jibblet be able to use those effectively?

Eat the bread and keep eating dried meat while you continue on the journey.
>>
No. 929085 ID: b1b4f3

>>929070
Yeah alright she can have those things, you can use the big sword and dagger. ...can you actually use the long sword? With two hands maybe?

Let's move along. Haven't found any wolves or kobolds or the axe.
>>
No. 929613 ID: 97c6b2
File 155515583295.jpg - (82.59KB , 640x480 , 15.jpg )
929613

Driblis and Jibblet share the crusty bread. It's plainly a bit old and hard, but it's not moldy at least. It's good after a few days of meat rations and mushy berries!

The remaining dried meat will last a while, probably.

Driblis takes a moment to consider. Here's the world as far as Driblis is aware, from recent explorations and whatever scraps of rumors heard from other kobolds. There's no written or coherent map here!

Kobolds live in the middle of the world, obviously. There's a big forest to the northwest, Driblis is pretty sure, and elves over there. Driblis is reasonably certain the tower is slightly northly of dwarves. Humans have a lot of farms and things over near the ocean. Goblins have a lot of stinking pits and stuff down to the south. There are mountains all around, Driblis has heard.

So far Driblis only has first hand experience with the outskirts of the forest and the tower. And the kobold camp.

ANYWAY.
>>
No. 929614 ID: 97c6b2
File 155515584920.jpg - (57.52KB , 640x480 , 16.jpg )
929614

It's another day or two of travel before Driblis and Jibblet come across anything interesting!

The kobolds hide behind a few bushes at the edge of a sparse forest. There's dwarves here! Only a few though, Driblis has counted four in the few minutes of watching. One dwarf over there is hitting a tree with an axe. There's a wagon in front of a hill with a stone front on it. There's paths in the scrubby grass there, like lots of travel has made it dead.

There's also animals wandering around... horses, a couple dogs, and Driblis is pretty sure that's a cat back there.

Dwarves have been going in and out of that door, which is left half-open. Currently a dwarf is cutting down trees over there, and there's a pile of logs out in front of the doors, by the path. Another dwarf is rummaging around in the wagon, and has shouted a few times back at the hill, but Driblis can't hear any answers. Also Driblis doesn't really fully understand Dwarven.

It is currently mid-afternoon, and slightly hot outside. Given common sense, Driblis is aware that they are currently less stealthy than usual, especially Jibblet with her stupid red cloak. Driblis is carrying a backpack with meat and waterskins and gourds and torches and also has two weapons. It's a lot of stuff clonking around!
>>
No. 929615 ID: ea5947

rolled 3 = 3

Are dorfs hostile to kobolds by default? If not, then perhaps we could try trading some of the stuff we found for an axe. Talking also makes sense to pick up any news or a potential quest.
>>
No. 929645 ID: b1b4f3

rolled 16 = 16

Hmm, we need to gather more information on the surrounding terrain. Can we circle around to behind the hill? Would sneaking through those trees be possible?
Is the dwarf at the wagon looking around much? Are there directions of approach where it is particularly inattentive?

Stealth would be easier if you left some of the noisy gear in a hidden spot to retrieve later.
Optimally we'd find a good route to the woodcutter and ambush them to at least injure them enough to make them drop the axe, at which point we steal it and run off.

Rolling for... I don't know, mind stat for planning the ambush.
>>
No. 929682 ID: 688dd6

rolled 2 = 2

Steal their socks.
>>
No. 930771 ID: 97c6b2
File 155597424715.jpg - (37.71KB , 640x480 , 17.jpg )
930771

>>929615
>Dwarves hostile?

Driblis has never heard of a dwarf trading with kobolds. Other than kobolds just taking stuff dwarves don't need, without the dwarves knowing.

>>929682
>steal socks

That... could be possible. More fabric is good, Driblis' group of kobolds doesn't have any looms or anything like that.

>>929645
>drop noisy/flashy stuff.
Driblis and Jibblet agree that makes sense, and stash their stuff under the bushes here. Driblis keeps the bone spear as it doesn't shine like the sword, and is still wearing leather clothing and the bone helmet.

Jibblet is wearing the leather mask, her clothing, and carrying her curved sword, since it's black metal and not shiny.

Driblis and Jibblet do some quick scouting that doesn't take all week. This is the rough idea they've managed of the site. It's not a perfect scale.

To the west there is a small forest, currently being cut down by a dwarf. Well, one tree is.

There's a dwarf carrying a box of something into the entrance of the hill, in the center. There's a dog next to the entrance, just sniffing around, and a couple horses by the wagon.

Behind the mound, from the perspective here in the south, there are more scrubs and bushes, and a dwarf and a dog cutting up a fuzzy fat squirrel thing. A marmot?

In the time spent scouting, Jibblet noticed at least three other dwarves coming in and out of the mound.

Driblis isn't sure what the best option here is, if the idea is to steal the axe. The woodcutter dwarf is using it! Jibblet states one of the other dwarves had one on his belt, too, but he's inside just now.

The dwarf walking into the mound shouts out to the woodcutter, saying something like "Ór?"

The woodcutter responds "Ngutug" and continues working.

Driblis is annoyed by not knowing the stupid dwarf language. Kobold language is much easier!
>>
No. 930774 ID: b1b4f3

>>930771
Hmm, what if we waited until nightfall, then stole some stuff while the dwarves are sleeping?
>>
No. 931125 ID: ea5947

There's several plans that I could think of (in order of my preference).

One would be for Jibblet to bait the dorfs away while Driblis takes the loot. The dogs are a problem, that's why it should be Jibblet, since she can fend them off.
Second, sneak and untie the horses, which would cause the dorfs to run after them, leaving behind the loot.
Third, move in at night and steal stuff.
Fourth, like it was already proposed, double team on the lone woodcutter dorf. But I think that would end in failure because even together we wouldn't be able to take him down before reinforcements came.
>>
No. 932058 ID: 97c6b2
File 155706252625.jpg - (32.49KB , 640x480 , 18.jpg )
932058

>>931125
>Jibblet bait dwarves away
Jibblet refuses! Being bait is dumb. She's okay with attacking them outright... one at a time maybe, but just drawing attention away is dumb! ... According to Jibblet.

>untie horses
Horses are huge. So they'd probably make noise running away! That might work. Driblis considers it while...

>>930774
>>931125
>wait till nightfall

Driblis decides darker is better. Jibblet takes a nap in the bush while they wait.

It's currently late evening! The moon is out, up there being half-glowy. The horses are now tied where some trees used to be, and the dogs and dwarves are all inside.

There's some light coming from inside, where the door is slightly open. It looks to be from a fire, which makes sense sense the little rock-lined hole up on top of the hill is leaking smoke. There was a lot of noise from inside for a while, but right now it's quiet. From this distance anyway.

There's nothing moving outside right now. Driblis has seen at least six dwarves and two dogs and a cat, all of which are currently inside. Driblis isn't sure how much space there is inside the hill or what it's like in there, other than a bit more brightly lit than outside.

Jibblet is still sleeping.
>>
No. 932076 ID: b1b4f3

>>932058
Nudge Jibblet awake, then go raid the cart.
>>
No. 932138 ID: ea5947

Hmm, why would they take the dogs inside? I'd understand if there was a carnivore monster creeping around this place at night, but then, they left the horses outside...

Oh well, wake Jibblet and go get their stuff. They didn't leave any axes laying outside, did they?
>>
No. 932310 ID: 97c6b2
File 155736242135.jpg - (53.76KB , 640x480 , 19.jpg )
932310

>>932076
>>932138
>get Jibblet, steal stuff
Driblis wakes up Jibblet with a minimum of fuss. Which is good! Jibblet's not always easy to wake.

They make their way to the cart, quietly. Thankfully they're not spotted, or at least not obviously. Jibblet keeps watch while Driblis looks over the side!

There's some junk in here still. A few glass bottles of some kind of purple-brown liquid, a big metal grate, for some reason, a jug full of honey, and a big hammer. Also there's a pile of rocks off to the side, but they just look like normal rocks.

>>932138
>why take dogs, leave horses
Driblis has no idea. Maybe the dogs prefer being inside, and horses are big? But also Driblis has no idea.

Driblis can however hear someone singing inside, but the words sound kinda slurred, and it's just one voice. It's weirdly quiet for how many dwarves must be in there, maybe most of them are sleeping!
>>
No. 932334 ID: b1b4f3

rolled 20 = 20

>>932310
Bottles are a good thing to steal. Can't imagine kobolds know how to make glass.
After you take a couple of those (put them by the loot pile or just take them out of the cart so they're easy to pick up while running away if need be) you can sneak inside and try stealing some better loot.

Rolling for stealth.
>>
No. 932335 ID: b1b4f3

>>932334
OH NO
>>
No. 932390 ID: ea5947

rolled 4 = 4

Take the bottles, honey, the hammer, and one of the rocks back to where out items are, then search around the rest of the camp.
>>
No. 933908 ID: 97c6b2
File 155869871572.jpg - (57.66KB , 640x480 , 20.jpg )
933908

>>932334
>stealthily steal things!
>critical failure

>>932390
>steal things

Driblis leaves weapons and stuff on the ground while getting into the wagon... it's important to be able to climb around quickly.

An important part of stealth is not being there to get caught to start with. So, Driblis decides to chuck two bottles over the side of the wagon at once, to speed this whole thing up!

One of the bottles donks the unaware Jibblet in the head, and she collapses! Driblis is thinking more surprise than unconsciousness.

The other bottle smashes somewhat loudly on a rock, with a bunch of liquid splooshing around. There's a barking from inside the hill! But then a dwarf just yells at the dog and it seems to quiet it down for now?
>>
No. 933938 ID: b1b4f3

rolled 9 = 9

>>933908
Haha... whoops. Check on jibblet and then go back to stealing stuff, with a bit more care this time.
>>
No. 933982 ID: f3310b

rolled 8, 12 = 20

The skin of these waterskins seems to be pretty fragile.

Do some handholding with Jibblet to make her feel better.

Also, ask Jibblet if she's thirsty, in case she'd like to drink the stuff that spilled.

That hammer looks to be a bit too heavy to steal. Better leave it instead of dragging it around and making more noise than playing dubstep.
>>
No. 934100 ID: 97c6b2
File 155891237524.jpg - (59.80KB , 640x480 , 21.jpg )
934100

>>933938
>>933982
>get things, comfort Jibblet

Jibblet initially refuses! She glares angrily, though she doesn't shout or attack.

... but her head hurts, so eventually she relents just so they can get on with things. Driblis and Jibblet hold hands a bit just for comfort. It's a stressful evening!

One of the bottles is broken! It's basically useless unless broken glass is useful. It can be, sometimes. The liquid inside smells like old mushrooms and is spilled out all on the ground.

Driblis leaves the hammer (it's too heavy to wield usefully anyway) and the metal grate.

Current loot from the wagon is two intact bottles and a jug full of honey.

In Driblis' estimation, the rocks really aren't worth bothering with. They're just rocks.

But they're here to find an axe, not bottles and honey!

So, Driblis leaves Jibblet to pack up their spoils for the moment. Driblis instead heads for that partially open door.

There's no angry dog noises at the moment, though Driblis is aware that there's at least one dog and a few dwarves inside. The only armament Driblis has seen the dwarves owning is woodsdwarf axes and a hunting crossbow, made of some kind of metal.

Anyway!

Driblis peeks into the door.

There's a fire burning in a stone-lined cutout in the dirt wall in the back, that's what's providing all this light. It's also warm inside the place. Driblis can see some furniture off to the side, looks like a weird seat.

There's also a dog! But it seems to be sleeping?

Driblis can hear someone moving around in there... sounds like small stone scraping on something, and occasional grumbling of a dwarf voice.

There's not enough noise for all the dwarves Driblis noted before. So maybe some of them are sleeping in a different room?

Driblis is currently wearing the skull helmet and goat bone spear, for practicality purposes. No sense bringing everything along at once! Probably.
>>
No. 934105 ID: b1b4f3

rolled 20 = 20

>>934100
Start sneaking around, maybe the dwarf is distracted enough he won't see you.
>>
No. 934106 ID: b1b4f3

>>934105
Clearly I am cursed.
>>
No. 934168 ID: f3310b

rolled 4 = 4

>Driblis and Jibblet hold hands
2 lewd

Try sneaking. But hey, even if you don't sneak, they might not wake up. Considering they should be used to the loud snoring of other dorfs. See what other rooms are accessible.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason